I forgot my password! What do I do now?
To recover a lost password, click here and enter the e-mail address with which you registered. Your password will be sent to you shortly.
What kinds of stories are allowed?
See our Submission Rules.
How do I contact the site administrators?
You can e-mail us via our contact form.
How do I submit stories?
If you have not already done so, please register for an account. Once you've logged in, click on Account Information and choose Add Story. The form presented there will allow you to submit your story.
How do I terminate my Kinnetik Dreams account?
All you have to do is send an email to site administrators by using the “Contact Us” tab if you wish to no longer be a member of this site. Please be sure to include your pen name in your message. Your termination request must be sent from the email address we have on file, which will prevent anyone but you from ending your membership. Your request should be taken care of within twelve hours. We thank you for being a part of the Kinnetik Dreams family.
What are the ratings used on the site?
E = Stories appropriate for Everyone.
YA = Stories appropriate for Young Adults and up. May include some mild violence, strong language and non-graphic references to adult situations.
A = Stories appropriate for Adults 18 and older only. Includes any stories with major violence, extensive strong language, sex and references to adult situations.
M = Stories suitable for Mature audiences ONLY. Must be 18 years of age or older to access these stories. Includes any stories with graphic descriptions of sex, minors having sex, BDSM, other kink and anything else inappropriate for younger audiences.
What are the story classifications?
Stories are classified by Categories, Subcategories, Genres, Pairings and Warnings/Tags. Please read the descriptions of these carefully and use them on your submissions where applicable. For more information on how and when to use Categories, please see our Submission Rules.
Terms of Service:
All members of Kinnetik Dreams are subject to the Terms of Service established by the site. By registering for the site, you agree to abide by these terms. The full text of these Terms of Service can be found here: http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/Adminftp/eFiction355/viewpage.php?page=tos.
- Code of Conduct: The purpose of Kinnetik Dreams is for entertainment and fun. The basic principles to follow when interacting with others on this site are to be polite, be courteous, and speak to people the way you would like to be spoken to.
- Flame Wars: All personal arguments should be dealt with away from this site and the companion message board. This is not your battleground, so please do not drag personal vendettas to the site, as such behavior by any member or visitor to the site is deemed unacceptable.
- Reviews: The review system is for reviews and reviews alone. Anyone found to be abusing this system or abusing other members through it will have their account suspended and risk being banned. Administrators reserve the right to delete reviews that breach this acceptable use policy.
- Policy Breach: Members are encouraged to contact administrators if there has been a breach of this policy on any of their posted stories. Please do not delete offending reviews, so that administrators may see them and deal with them appropriately.
- Inappropriate Emails: Members are also encouraged to contact administrators if they receive inappropriate emails from any Kinnetik Dreams members or visitors who use the “Contact” function on this site.
- Monogamy Bullies: Although there are some authors who write each pairing as monogamous, they are NOT required to nor should they be requested repeatedly to do so in reviews. Please remember that you are under NO obligation to continue a story where your preferences for the characters are not met, regardless of how great the story is. Please respect the author’s vision for their characters and plot in this regard as it saves a lot of problems and bad feelings later.
- Anti-Character/Out of Character Stories: It is imperative to pay attention to the Warnings/Tags when beginning to read a story. They are put there in order to eliminate potential strife between an author and their respective readers. If a story has a tag that says it will contain a negative view of a character and you don’t like seeing that character treated negatively, it’s probably best that you don’t read that story. Again, you are under NO obligation to keep reading a story in which a character is not portrayed the way you’d like. Consequently, we also feel that it is best that you do not leave a negative exiting review focusing only on that factor. Doing such can bring about hard feelings and that’s not what this site is about. At base, writers are artists, and like any other artists, they can be very sensitive about their work. Leaving such a review can stifle a person’s creativity and, in the end, all of us would suffer. So please be kind, even in your silence.
- Kinnetik Dreams administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as they deem necessary.
Kinnetik Dreams Administrator Code of Conduct
Kinnetik Dreams is a non-profit venture operated by authors and members just like yourselves. All our administrators are donating their time and talents to this site. We want the members to know that we administrators have our own Code of Conduct that we are all expected to adhere to so that the site runs smoothly and the members can rest assured that we are accountable to them as well as to each other. Following is the Code of Conduct for all Admins on this site.
Always conduct yourself in a professional manner and remember that you are representing Kinnetik Dreams.
Always be respectful to your fellow administrators.
Always be respectful to KD members and authors.
When handling website money, always keep an accurate accounting of spending.
Always let your fellow administrators know when you will be unreachable for more than twenty-four hours.
Always air any grievances with fellow administrators privately and in a professional manner so that your problems can be appropriately resolved.
Always remember that we are doing this for fun, as a hobby, and our time is donated.
Always follow site member guidelines.
If you ever wish to step down as an administrator and/or leave the site, let your fellow administrators know as soon as possible.
Always document, to the best of your ability, any actions you take as an administrator in case there are future disputes. This includes saving emails received from KD administrators and members about any grievances.
Never disclose KD business outside of the Administration Committee (what happens in Vegas…).
Never do or say anything that might sabotage the operation or reputation of the site, whether publicly or privately.
Never do or say anything that might be harmful to KD administrators, authors, or members, whether publicly or privately. Even things said in private can quickly become public.
Never abuse administrator powers on the website.
Never delete a story without approval from at least two other administrators.
Never delete/ban a member or user without approval from at least two other administrators.
Never misuse website money.
Never attempt to sabotage competitor websites, because doing so will only harm KD.