- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Credit for the chapter title goes to BlueMyst - thank you lovely!

CHAPTER 52 - ARE PIGS FLYING, UNICORNS GRAZING OUTSIDE, LEPRECHAUNS SKIPPING DOWN THE STREET? NO, THIS IS MICHAEL TRYING TO SAY SORRY!

 

VIC AND DEBS HOUSE - WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

 

MICHAEL

 

Uncle Vic doesn’t say anything for a while, just stares at me before walking back down the hallway.

 

“Can I come in then?” I call out.

 

“If you must!” He yells back, my heart sinks as I shut the door and follow him to the kitchen. “I am not sure who he has come as, it is either Jack Nicholson or Hans Christian Andersen; but one of them is here to dazzle us with his talents!”

 

“I deserve that.” I wince a bit at the look on their faces.

 

“You deserve a punch in the throat for trying it on with Rodney!” Ma slams down her cup slopping the contents on her hand, which she flicks at me. I wipe away the drops without comment. “And that’s just the start!”

 

“I know.”

 

“He knows. Oh, he must be sincere, he’s not checking for a reaction!” Ma snarks.

 

“He could’ve killed him. I would’ve had that on my conscious. I…”

 

“You already have a death on your conscious, or doesn’t Jerry count?!” I shudder at Uncle Vic’s thunderous tone. “And what about the people you infected? Not a word nary a  mention!”

 

“I thought I would start with you both. I hurt you most.”

 

“Do you have the list, sis?”

 

“List?” I frown and go to sit down, but she pulls the chair away. “May I sit down?”

 

“No. If you want to be penitent, then that is your choice, but sit you will not.” The silence stretches on as they look at me. “We’re not mind readers nor do we wish your company…”

 

“I am trying to say sorry!” I exclaim, starting to get a bit annoyed at their lack of sympathy for how I am feeling after such a trauma.

 

“Well, we would much rather you start with Jerry’s widow, wouldn't we? Or maybe their son? They live in Texas. You and your lies forced them to move…”

 

“I have apologised to her! Well, I have admitted what I did and agreed to settle, so that's my apology!” I shout, my eyes stinging with tears. “Do you have any idea what it was like hearing that gunshot?!”

 

“A lot better than hearing that your husband and dear friend is dead.”

 

I am stunned. “I didn't know you knew Jerry, Uncle Vic.”

 

“I didn’t. Ted does and he found him.”

 

“Found him where?” I close my eyes and rub my face, when I open them they are staring at me with such contempt and disappointment that I am taken aback.

 

“Found him where? Are you freaking serious?!” Ma explodes.

 

“What?! Ma, I am tired and…”

 

“Ted found Jerry and got him to hospital! And you had better get out of this house, before I put you right back in that ward!” I stagger backwards as her voice reverberates through me, causing my heart to race. “I do believe we have Jack in the house!” She turns to Uncle Vic. “But not Nicholson, oh no, we have Jack Shit, as in you mean jackshit to us. So no, we do not accept your bullcrap of an apology, if you can call it that! With everything you said, as per usual, you made it about you. Out and don't come back until you…”

 

“Sis, stop, let’s go to the…”

 

“I went there first.” I interrupt and they just stare at me in damning silence. “The diner. Why was the diner shut?”

 

“For a man who wanted my boyfriend so much that you were prepared to steal him on our anniversary, you don’t remember today is his birthday? We never ever worked on his birthday. It is a ritual I have continued in his memory.” I take another step back as he approaches. “Why? Why do you think he would’ve wanted you?”

 

“Because…I thought I was a better option.” I brace myself for his reaction but he does nothing but . “I am you, but younger, and…”

 

“Don’t ever compare the two of us again! We are nothing alike, not in looks, personality or anything…” He bows his head and sighs. “...just go away like my sister said. Go away.”

 

“Sister, why are you referring to her like that?”

 

“Because that’s what I am.” She answers scornfully. “You heard my brother and your heard me...again. Leave.”

 

“Okay, I will go but I will be back. I will get back to being part of this family, no matter how long it takes.”

 

NOEL’S HOUSE - TWO HOURS LATER

 

OFFICE

 

NOEL

 

It seems we are at an impasse. Daphne is staring defiantly at me and I am equally strong headed in making my point. “The fact remains that this is what has been agreed on and you don’t get a say.”

 

“You are not going to wear it!” I return.

 

“Noel, you are being ridiculous!” She storms. “It is two hours maximum, and…”

 

“Not. The. Point. Especially, if you say anything about us only dating for a week!” Her mouth twitches, it definitely twitches. “You’re not going to wear it, are you?” I am cautiously hopeful.

 

“No we’re not.” She holds up the body suit encrusted with pearls. “Chyna said we can keep them though. I thought I would wear mine to the after party, with errm that tulle skirt which happens to be hanging in your wardrobe…” I send the green eyed beast back to his cage and nod. “Yay! Now what were you doing before the Hulk raised his head?”

 

I hand her the email from Ted and she reads it quietly, then looks around the room and under the desk. “What are you doing?”

 

“Looking for the person that believes that this is happening.” She waves the paper like a wet rag. “No, him saying that and him doing it are totally different!”

 

“Our thoughts exactly. So that’s why we are still going to do it.”

 

“What?”

 

“Release the statement about where the proceeds from the bash are going to go and why.” I take the email back and scowl at it; I am curious about this game he is playing and furious that he is playing it!

 

“And that is?” She prompts.

 

“Suicide awareness foundation that we are going to set up in Jerry’s memory. It was Marilyn’s idea, at least it will have a healthy start from that. Not his blood money, if we even get it!” I screw up the paper and lob it into the bin.

 

“He shoots and scores!”

 

“Damn right, girlfriend! Now come with Naomi…” She frowns. “...that still needs adjusting, neither boyfriend nor girlfriend is letting you wear it like that, tulle or not!”

 

OPERA HOUSE - EARLY AFTERNOON

 

MUSIC ROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

I tap in time to the beat on his hip as he watches quietly. “Nothing compares to it live.” He sighs, not taking his eyes off the screen. “Where was this again?”

 

“Krakow. It was about four years ago. A beautiful city.”

 

“Add to our list. In fact, I want to go to every city you have played in.” I turn his head and kiss him. “That a yes?”

 

“Uh huh. I…” Him sitting up and settling in my lap is a nice surprise. “...what?”

 

“We need to try on the trousers.”

 

“Okay, not sure why this warrants you sitting in my lap though.”

 

“That way I can whisper this sweet nothing in your ear.” He nibbles his way up my neck. “You know our cockrings?” I nod. “I have bought us new ones…”

 

“Why? I really like those ones, they’re…”

 

“Vibrating.” His tongue flickers into my ear and I shiver. “With ball bangers.”

 

“Ball…” Another flicker.

 

“And a remote control.” His fingers slide under my tee and up towards my chest. “I was wondering if you would like to…” He tweaks my nipple and I bite back my groan. “...see what that feels like?”

 

“Mmm I would very much like that.”

 

He leans to the side and takes up a box from Bondara and licks his lips. “Go and get the trousers and I shall meet you in the hallway.”

 

Ten minutes later we are watching each other slide the soft, buttery suede trousers on tuck ourselves in, but then he stops and frowns, I think he is having the same thought as me and with a nod we take them off.

 

“She would be proud but pissed.” He remarks, and hands me his remote. “And a pissed Chyna is an inventive one, though I think she’s mellowing a little. What? She is! Well, for now...we only had to do 50 reps of each…”

 

“Wall ball with incremental weights starting at 25kg and ending at 75kg.” I palm his ass. “Campbell and Milo both threw up afterwards.” He laughs and then kisses me quickly. “After you.”

 

“No, after you. You have a much better and juicier ass. Your wibble stock is high!”

 

“Wibble?!” I growl.

 

“Now don't get testy...as in Berp. Jiggle and wobble makes wibble...I heart your wibble.”

 

“I heart your hazelbutt.” I return, feeling a little stupid for getting testy. “Come here.” I wrap my arms around his waist and marvel at his muscular body. I can see why Chyna is in demand. “How are we going to do this?”

 

“Start at opposite ends of the room and walk towards each other. First to come bottoms?”

 

I hand him my remote and walk into the room and feel his eyes glued to my butt.

 

“Brat!” He groans as I get a quick press in.

 

“You would’ve...mmmm!” I whimper as a staccato beat drums on my balls.

 

“So we start from now?” He holds the remote between his thumb and forefinger.

 

“Do not do anything!” I order holding the remote aloft as I make it to the other side of the room.

 

“Krakow.” He murmurs as he points the remote at me and I get it.

 

“Challenge accepted.” I reach for the CD remote and press play.

 

OUTSIDE THE OPERA HOUSE - TEN MINUTES LATER

 

MICHAEL

 

“Please, will you just...just listen?! I wasn’t watching them!” I try to get free of her surprisingly strong grip and ease the pain in my face where she punched me.

 

“How long till they get here?!” Daphne demands of the security guard and shoves me back to the ground. “I knew it! I knew that settlement was bullshit and time buying!”

 

“Time buying?” I object, and then turn to the sound of sirens. “You have to understand, I was coming to apol…”

 

“Restraining orders!” She barks at me. “You know you aren’t supposed to be near them!”

 

“They…”

 

“Well, what do we have here?” An all too familiar voice drawls and I feel the nausea start to bubble.

 

“Creepy McCreepster here claims he was coming to apologise, but I saw him looking into the window, and it looked like he was grinding….”

 

“I was not!” I deny fiercely. “I was checking to see if they…”

 

“Were fucking!” We turn as one to the angry voice of Brian. “Officer...”

 

“Mr Kinney, please return inside. We’ve got this.”

 

“I don’t know about grinding, but he tripped the security alarm by coming the back way...not the actions of someone who wants to say sorry!”

 

“No it isn’t. I will take your statement, Miss…”

 

“Chanders. Daphne Chanders. And you are?”

 

“Officer Crow.” His smile makes me very nervous. “I am Officer Xin’s partner.”

 

“Oh, how is he?” Brian calls out from inside the house.

 

“Getting a lot of loving care! But unlike him, my pain in the ass is not so much fun! Get up, Novotny! Officer Josh, read him his rights and get him to the station now!”

 

“Why now? It won’t take that long for her statement surely?” He frowns as he approaches with cuffs.

 

“I don’t trust myself share to space with him and to not take the long way back!”


 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please if reviewing, be constructive and kind. Thanks.