- Text Size +

CHAPTER 57 - HE PAYS FOR THEIR HAPPILY EVER AND TIME TO SAY GOODBYE


BENCHMARK INN, PROVINCETOWN - NEXT MORNING


BRIAN AND JUSTIN’S PENTHOUSE SUITE


BALCONY


BRIAN


We got here late last night. We were going to fly, but Justin insisted on driving, arguing that although it took longer, we would be in control of getting around. Not that there will be much getting of that today. We were so fit to drop when we got here, it took a huge effort not to sleep on the floor. 


I sniff the air and smile. “Ah the sweet smell of freedom!” I look to the sky and wink. “You raised her well; thank you!” 


“Darling, you want coffee or juice first?”


I relish how him calling me that makes me feel. Even better than being loved, I feel safe.


“A kiss, then we talk refreshments, Bombshell.”


He opens my arms and robe then slides inside. “I love it when you say that; promise to say it every day?” I kiss him slow and deep in reply. “And good morning to you too.” He sighs against my neck. “So what are you having?”


“Juice. Before yours, is there a chance we have guava?” He nods and smiles; when I kiss his scar, he gulps. “Want me to stop doing that?”


“Never.”


“Another thing I promise.” I embrace him tighter. “When did you ask her to come back?”


“Two nights ago. You were whimpering in your sleep; pleading and begging. Said you’d do anything - how did you know?”


“She said no payback - have you ever known her to do that?” I grin down at him; he nuzzles my neck. “I would’ve reached out. In time I would’ve.”


“He had you bound for years before you broke free.” He strokes my palm. “It was time to let me protect you. We’re a team, we go down fighting together. Let me up for a second.” I admire his view, then Provincetown’s as I wait for his return.  He’s bringing, judging by the rapid stabbing, iced guava juice. “Here.” He grins, handing me the glass. “Let me know what you think!” He calls over his shoulder as he goes back inside. I take a sip and lick my lips. “Guavallini sounds weird!” He chuckles, putting the ice bucket down, then making sure the champagne is steady. “I called ahead for the frozen guava juice.” He tops up his glass. “Ooh, so good!”


“Coooeeee!” Floats up from the street. “Which one are you in? You know I will bellow until I finds you!” 


“Honeycutt!” Justin leaps up and leans over the balcony; when his boxers pull I growl in frustration. “What the frigging hell?!”


“She said no payback, I did not! Which hotel?!” 


“You weren’t even there!” I complain, joining Justin; although I should be seriously mad, I’m not. “Benchmark! Who else is here?!”


“Just me, Georgie, Ted, Blake, Ben, Robin and -”


“Everyone then!” I groan.


“Not everyone. Mel and Lucy are looking after all the kiddies with Eds.” He calls back as he tries to locate us.


“Look up, Honeycutt!” I grouse, quickly kissing away Justin’s scowl. “Where is she; won’t believe she’s not nearby.”


“Where’d you think?” Slick’s voice floats up from below. “Booked the entire joint. Am I letting folks in now, or are we meeting by the marina?” 


“By the marina!” Justin declares, before turning to me. “The quickest breakfast ever!” 


PROVINCETOWN MARINA RESTAURANT - AN HOUR LATER


JUSTIN


“How long have you given Brian and Ems, Sunshine?” Debs laughs as she pours Lindsay’s juice, whilst George is checking her appointments to make sure he’s available.


“They should be back in two hours. They grabbed Lindon on the way.” Slick’s eyebrows go up. “He spotted them, and that was it. He’d best buy me something nice in the candy store, which I was husband-handled away from!” I glare at the tittering emanating from all but Slick, who’s checking her phone and smiling. “I also want to look around the art district. Lindsay, would you like to come?”


“Yes, I’d love to; thank you Justin!” She grins. Then, blushing, signals for more butter. 


“Thank God we packed some!” Hiram beams. “Can you make it a long, very long time in the art district? I need a rest, and time to look up bump friendly positions!”


“Hiram!” Lindsay gasps, going scarlet; but looking so lustful that I feel I might be going by myself!


“Give me a second.” Slicks steps away with her phone clamped to her ear; she’s back within five minutes, then taps her glass for silence. “All the fellahs need to google Henry & Company, specifically Lords of Harlech - I’ll wait.”


Ten minutes later, we’re trying to get cabs to meet Brian, Lindon and Ems. “Slick!” Carl hollers as he helps Debs into the cab. “Can you get Brian or Ems to get the merino polo in both blue and pink - extra large for Debs and me?!” 


“Done!” She shouts back blocking one side of the cab whilst Blake shoves Ted into the other. I feel for him slightly as going shopping with Brian means he refreshes his entire wardrobe, which gives Ted’s wallet palpitations. However, it’s very amusing to watch him try and stop the shopping tsunami. I can’t, no matter which wile I use; even when I’ve used at least three twice in one trip!


HENRY & COMPANY - THIRTY MINUTES LATER


CARL


The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. Striding up to Brian, I tap his shoulder; his face falls slightly. “Get her and meet me outside in five minutes.”


He nods. In four minutes, they’re both looking wary. “What you did to get Michael to stop is not what you were going to do when Brian said you could, was it?” 


“No.” Slick admits. 


“Thought not, so how close?” I ask.


“As close as he took me.” Brian takes her hand.


“What stopped you?” I sigh in relief.


“That tall streak of Southern and an ex-cop. Ems knows me as well as Brian, so when I said I’m coming back because it needed to end, and for him to know what it felt like, he told me to do that instead. But, know this, I’ve paused, not stopped.” She looks defiant. “He starts again, I’ll have Bleak deal with him.” 


“Got it. Promise me this: you talk to me first, promise?”


“Promise.” She kisses my cheek. “Thanks, Papa.”


“Now let’s get back inside! Emmett’s admiring those way too short shorts and looking at me!”


EMMETT


“I LOVE THEM!” I rail at Brian, as usual he’s unmoved. “They will go perfectly with -”


“Nothing in your wardrobe, which I know the back of.” Brian smirks.


“Quiet you! Sunshine, front and centre, please!” I holler. He hops towards us. “Kindly explain to your husband that I’m in charge of all things sartorial, and I have a good reason why!”


“Which is, Honeycutt?” Brian drawls.


“Whilst you will skinny dip, you won’t want him to, so he will need something to wear after your vow renewal.” I smirk.


“Our what?!”  They gasp.


“Vow renewal. Go to him, please.” I wait till he’s in his arms. “I knew this nonsense would pass, so I waited. This was always going to happen, it was just a matter of when. And it’s on me, a freedom present.”


“Emmett, you’re not serious?!” Justin exclaims. 


“Very. Now whilst I sort out the rest of your trousseau with Georgie, Slick will be doing everyone else, yes?”


“Yes.” Brian gulps, then clears his throat. “Okay, give us five minutes.”


CHANGING ROOM 


JUSTIN


He’s staring at our reflections. “Do you want them to bring the boys?” He asks.


“I’m sure that Provincetown isn’t ready for them, so no.” His snickering has me smiling in relief. “We can treat them to a cake from Wagsburgh when we get back.”


“Each?” Nodding, I wind myself around him; he drops his head on mine before breathing deeply. “Can you get him for me? Still need a few seconds.”


“Emmett!” I yell.


“Heard your dulcets; we’re set?” His smile drops. “Please. Stud, Sunshine; I really want to.”


“Stand here.” He points at his feet, he does so. “Thank you. I mean it from the bottom of my heart, thank you.”


“You’re welcome!” He chirrups, after kissing his nose, wrinkles his. “Um, and knowing you, there’s a definite itsy bitsy hell the fuck no in this pile.” He pulls us to the counter. Sighing, Brian starts to look through it, everyone goes quiet. Ems wilts as Brian’s posture stiffens. “Which is not necessarily for now, but maybe for later, much later and by yourselves just once.” He backtracks.


“Justin, will you look?” His tone is brusque; I turn, he winks. 


I manage to stop the grin. “Okay, I can see your point, but be kind!” 


Without turning; he holds up the tee. “It’s this, yes?” Ems nods and Slick crosses her fingers. “With a suit, that’d be cute. Yeah we’ll do it.”


“You will?!” Ems cries, pearl clutching. “To take?!”


“To wear at our renewal, which is when?” 


EMMETT


“And you're going to burn it after?” I whisper.


“Never; when is it, Ems?” Brian wraps me tight.


“Saturday at 1100.” I can’t help the wobble in my voice, smiling, he brushes away a tear. 


“Great! Can I get these?” Justin holds up the one side of the shoe he was trying, I ignore the wide eyed look from Brian and nod. “Yes!”


“Come on, you.” He takes Justin’s hand and gives me his card. “Everyone else is on us.” I take it; given what I’ve won today, I’m not gonna argue! “As well as the candy store, we have to go to Toys of Eros. For the woefully ignorant amongst you, it’s a sex shop, we gonna need to stock up!”


“Actually, can I come with you?!” Hiram calls out.


“No!” Lindsay declares. “They can call you when they’re done!”


TOYS OF EROS - HALF AN HOUR LATER


BRIAN


The shop was ten minutes walk away, but I found a dappled alleyway and just had to pash out with him. We’re feeling more than hot, but the raised eyebrow and smirk of the shopkeeper has me frowning.


“It’s my alleyway.” He chuckles. “Been together long?”


“Oh.” I smile back. “Um, almost four. We’re having our renewal on Saturday.”


“Ah, I see.” He scrutinises Justin. “Have you been to Henry & Company? With your frames, their pieces will look great!” 


“We're getting our suits from there!” Justin calls over his shoulder as he checks his phone. “Where are your - oh, we have to go in there!”


“What’s got you so breathless?” I tease, smiling at his subtle squirming.


“Fullkit. I spotted it as we passed. Brian, take a look at that!” 


I join him and whistle. “You’d look so hot!”


“I know, and even hotter in this!” He crows, I harden immediately. “Unless you want to go back to being a single Brian Kinney, you will agree with me!”


“Oh, I do! I was imagining taking it off you!”


“You’re Brian Kinney!” The shopkeeper suddenly exclaims; we turn to him. “I can’t believe it! You’re actually here, both of you!”


“Both of us?” I frown.


“So tell me everything, Michael, so great to finally meet you! Let me get the champagne and beam!”


“Beam? Michael?” He whispers as he rushes out the back. “Let me handle this, okay?”


“Uh huh.” I sigh then start to pray.


JUSTIN


The shopkeep comes back pushing a trolley. Smiling, he beckons us to the little table and pours. “Have to say, I’m surprised that you’re here so early. You don't look a day over forty, Brian, may I call you Brian? I feel like I’ve known you for years?” He looks keenly at a sickly looking Brian. I nudge him to nod. “And, Michael, you’re not what I expected!”


“Which was?” I ask, handing Brian the beam, which he knocks back then does the same with mine.


“Just to be clear, I'm not a day over forty! I'm over five hundred days before that!” 


“Can I be frank?” We nod. “You look much more put together than you sounded in our many chats. From the way you talked about yourself, I fully expected you to be dressed as Captain Astro or another comic book hero!”


“Uh, no.” I shudder. “Look. Um, sorry, what's your name?”


“My name? It’s Adrian, how do you forget? We’ve been speaking for five years?!”


“Because my name is Justin, Justin Taylor-Kinney, I’m Brian’s husband.”


“I can show you ID if you like?” Whilst Brian pulls out his wallet, Adrian goes to the counter. He returns with a laptop. “Will my licence be enough?” 


“Yeah. Just give me a few to confirm the details.” He takes it and taps away, the minutes stretch on. “Okay, that’s done, but I’m confused. What happened to Michael, the way he banged on you two were a gay Romeo and Juliet but without death?”


“Michael, as he most probably told you, was his best friend.” I sneer.


He facepalms. “Every phone call, email, instant message and text.” 


“He tried to kill me.” Brian states. “So he’s in jail.”


ADRIAN


“What?!” I gasp before being left in a state of repulsed shock at what has befallen them. “Okay, let me show you your wallet!” I turn the screen to them and their jaws drop. “Yeah, $2500, he sent something each month, then the bumper payment.”


“When you say your wallet, what do you mean?” Brian asks, topping up Justin’s glass with Beam and brushing his cheek.


“It’s in your name, there’s a wish list.” I pull it up, then pause. “I need to check another screen, hold a sec.” I click on the payments, and, sure enough, the bumper payment is pending!


Justin starts to grin. “When does that clear your system?!” 


“In two minutes.” I grin back. “And there’s one more thing. I can speak to the owner of Fullkit, maybe we can split the pot?”


“Brian?” Justin rubs his thigh. “Sorry, I didn’t think about how you’d feel.”


“I feel that we should take full advantage of his forward planning!” He pulls him into his lap. “Phone, please.” He nuzzles his ear, clearly a spot for Justin, judging by the lip licking. They scroll through silently, well apart from the low groaning. “This, definitely, this for Saturday night. As for mine, surprise me.”


AN HOUR LATER


BRIAN


I look up as a beaming Justin comes back, surprisingly empty handed. “I’ve got them rush delivered to Maryland; they arrive on Wednesday, so you need to book next week off.” My cock twitches with joy. “We fly on Monday morning.” 


“Well aren’t you my ingenious Bombshell?” I push the basket towards him: as he peruses he tents. “Shall I call Emmett?”


“Here?! Now?!” 


“No, Sunshine, not here. Just to move the time.” 


“Later?”


“Yep.” 


CRYSTAL BALLS COQTAIL BAR - SATURDAY AFTERNOON


EMMETT


They look so cute in their matching tees, suits and shoes! Yep, he conceded that Sunshine had learned well. Lindsay has now switched from viciously hormonal to tears at anything! Thank goodness, as Hiram said, she cries pretty! 


The renewal was perfect. Brian said that I’ve set a high standard which he’s determined to surpass for my nuptials. 


“Hold my sneakers; need to pee and am a bit squiffy!” Slick orders before she dashes away. 


Guffawing, I put them on the bar and wave at Lindon, whose over in seconds, I pour some water. “For Slick. Bathroom - check both, remember she’s the only woman we know who pees standing up!”


“But we love her so!” He snorts, grabbing her sneakers.


“That we do.” I whisper.


“Ems, Ems!” Ted hisses as he strides over; he checks over his shoulder. “Real quick, I want to buy Blake something, you know, and you being you, can you take me tomorrow?” 


“Yes, Teddy, I will take you to Toys of Eros. Any no goes, what’s the budget?”


“No and whatever it costs, say nothing.” He mutters as Blake comes over. “Hi, honey, so what do you think of here?”


“It’s nice; what do you think of us doing our renewal too?” Blake shifts slightly.


“Sounds great. Oh, I see. Well, Ems, could you do this for us, after yours of course?!”


“Of course! I’d love to!” I kiss their cheeks. “He looks so happy, doesn’t he?”


“Yeah he does.” Slick smiles as she joins us. “Thank God for planes and Carl.”


“Planes? Carl?” I frown.


“It’s time.” 


BRIAN


I kiss his hand, then whistle. There’s silence. “Thank you. On behalf of us both, we want to thank Ems for this fantastic day. Hope he realises he has to repeat this when we get back to Pittsburgh?” He raises his glass. “And speaking of there, we're done.”


“What do you mean, Kiddo?” Debs calls out.


“There’s too many memories, too many ghosts. We need - no, not need, we want to leave. We want to be where nobody knows my name. Where my reputation doesn’t proceed me. Where we’re just Brian and Justin Taylor-Kinney, husband and husband.” 


“And where’s that?!” Ben calls out.


“Maryland.” Slick replies. “Seems the logical choice. Let’s face it, it’s where you started your married life; but more importantly, you feel safe, don’t you?” 


Justin nods. “It’s so good there. The boys love it.”


“You’ve found a place?!” Debs gasps.


“Yes, in Bethesda. It needs work.”


“Ted, did you know?” Carl demands.


“Suspected, as did Cyn, but as ever, I always toe the zipping line.” 


“And we love you for that.” I declare. “It won’t be for a while. We’re going to spend our last Christmas in Britin. Britin II should be finished by then.”


“Wow.” Debs sniffs. “What are you going to do with it, close it up?”


“Maybe. After a few people get married and the baby shower.”


“Oh, Brian! Justin! Are you sure?!” Lindsay wails.


“We’re sure.” Justin hands Hiram more napkins. 


“Well let’s charge our glasses to Bonking in Bethesda!” Slick demands, and when she speaks, we obey!


EPILOGUE 


BRITIN II, BETHESDA - EIGHT MONTHS LATER


MASTER BEDROOM


JUSTIN


I check the hot water bottles and they’re nice and toasty. I hear the plaintive wailing of Brian as he tries, and oh how he tries, to get Baggie to heel. I hop out of bed to turn the radiator on in the bathroom; he may need to shower depending on where, or what, Baggie has pulled him through.


“Sunshine!” He bellows. “You got coffee up there?!”


“Hot chocolate with whiskey and beam!” 


“Oh, thank fuck, even better! Since when did here get so fucking cold?!” I turn the blankets back at his rapid steps, he’s pulling off his top as he enters and dives in to take off his jeans with chattering teeth. “Hold me!” He shivers, I rub his arms first, he’s like ice!


“Jeepers! Where did you go, and why not wear a coat?!” I gripe, wrapping us both in the blankets after putting a bottle between us.


“I did wear a coat, just not a very thick one. Didn’t think he’d go as far.” He mumbles into my neck. “He yomped up to the hills; you know how much the wind whips around there! Oh, getting warmer.” He loosens his grip. “Which has which?”


“They’re the same.” I hand him his mug and a cookie. We drink in silence, happy blissful silence. “Going to hop in the shower whilst I do breakfast?”


“Hmm. French toast with peaches and almonds?” He husks into my ear.


“Half an hour. Bread was already soaking.”


“I love you more each second!” He calls out running to the bathroom.


KITCHEN - TWENTY FIVE MINUTES LATER


I click on the coffee then check the toast. “Almost perfect.” I murmur.


I still can't quite believe we’re here, we’ve made a nice group of friends, who are respectful of our lives and give us space to live it. That was another reason we wanted to leave, we needed to fend for ourselves. As much as we love The Avenue, they got a bit too much. It’s now Brandon and Kyle, the Duke and Earl, they protect. However, Brian was very pleased that our titles of the King and his Prince are enshrined in history - forever ours.


Leaving wasn’t as bad as we thought. I think it's because despite saying we might close it up, we haven’t. Everyone in the family shares it, which if truth be told they did anyway; well not everyone, Slick and Emmett don’t. They say it’s not the same without us. Lindsay and Hiram have decided to stay at the refuge to bring up Connor there. Like us, there are too many ghosts for her . 


Mel and Lucy got married in Vegas with Gus and Jenny as witnesses. Debs and Carl decided not to get spliced, admitting they were only doing it to piss Michael off. 


The fundraiser was a massive success, especially for Ems, as George announced his retirement. They’re splitting their time between New York and California after they get married. He’s left Claire, Meredith and Eds in charge of House of Food, so he can live his best life with his best man.


I can hear the tread of my best man on the stairs, and pour the champagne. “I have no complaints, but why?”


“Because it’s Sunday.” I reply, clinking his glass. “Ready?”


“Yep.” He takes out the toast, serving me first, as always. “So, after this, what do you want to do? How much time do we have?”


“Before Slick and her cute crew get here? Hours, they’re coming this evening, remember?”


“Ah, so they are. So what do you want to do?” He opens his robe to show his silk jockstrap.


“Help you out of your ensemble.” I groan.


“Good answer. Oh, speaking of helping, Adrian called. The payments keep coming.”


“And so will we. Breakfast can wait, I can’t!” 


“Take me, I'm yours!” He purrs, dropping his robe and leaning over the table.


“And only mine forever!” I declare seconds later as I sink into his heat.


The end.







Justin’s shorts:

https://www.henryptown.com/collections/shorts/products/edward-koi-short-elephant-grey

Their shoes

https://www.henryptown.com/collections/the-lords-of-harlech-spring-summer-2020-collection-heads-to-the-land-of-the-rising-sun/products/loh-trevor-sneaker-flanneloke-10

Slick’s sneakers

https://www.henryptown.com/collections/the-lords-of-harlech-spring-summer-2020-collection-heads-to-the-land-of-the-rising-sun/products/loh-peacock-sneaker-sand-9

Their wedding tees: 

https://www.henryptown.com/collections/the-lords-of-harlech-spring-summer-2020-collection-heads-to-the-land-of-the-rising-sun

Fullkit: https://www.fullkit.com/

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

So this is goodbye to The King, His Prince and the Duchess...hope you enjoyed reading as we did writing.

If reviewing, please be constructive and kind. Thx

The End.
MissMerlot is the author of 24 other stories.
PCBeachlover is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 22 members. Members who liked Love at First Bite II also liked 519 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Food of Love. The previous story in the series is Love at First Bite.