- Text Size +

CHAPTER 31 -  FRIENDS AND ENEMIES WITH TWO FACES


MICHAEL


It's been a few hours since her masterful idea. We’d been shopping to celebrate that and to make up for the time we didn’t get because of Dr Doolittle and Zero’s great emotional fuckfest.


“What do you think?” She holds up a daring little number. I smile, then wait for it to be rung up. “Need shoes and a purse. What are you going to get to wear?”


“Wear where?” I frown as I follow her to the car.


“To his shows, of course. You’ll need a tux.” I scowl. “You look so good in a suit. A tux will add an extra sexy edge.” I feel her giggling as I steer her back in-store!


ELLIOTT’S COTTAGE - EARLY EVENING


KITCHEN


ELLIOTT


Debs and Nancy are putting the finishing touches to dinner. It’s bavette steak with baked sweet potatoes. Ronald is chuckling as he checks out the video of Enoch, Hoover and Thatcher. They’re so cute, but as Debs says, the devil children. Them and the otters have an interesting relationship, curiosity on both sides.


“So, Debs, what did you want to ask me?” I ask, as I grab the wine out of the store cupboard. I turn at the gasp. After winding myself staggering into the shelves, it takes a few seconds to get my mouth to work. “Are you sure?”


“Is that a yes?” She blushes. 


“Oh, yes, yes and double yes!” I cry, scooping her into my arms.


“The ring!” Nancy cries, as in my enthusiasm I jolt it out of her hands. “Whistler drop!” 


But it’s too late. Judging by the licking of his lips, my ring is in his belly! As we take this in, Ehtan arrives. “Replacing the wine I nabbed.” He explains, then takes in the scene. “What’s wrong?”


“Of all the times to decide to eat a fallen tidbit, he picks now and my ring!” I exclaim.


“Your ring?” He frowns. “You don’t wear one. Why would you start - ring? Knees? Debs on knees, dressed? Are you two engaged?!” 


“Yes!” Ronald exclaims. “Now how do we get it out of there?!”


“Let nature take its course.” I declare, helping Debs up, then kneeling in front of Whistler. “I should be mad, but I love you too much for that.” I kiss his muzzle. “You daft old sod!” 


“Can I tell the family?!” Ethan asks, hugging first me then Debs. 


“No you can’t!” Nancy vehemently declares. “I’ve missed out on all the other good bits, I get to tell the family. Especially Michael”


“Agreed!” I laugh, then head to the knocking door. “Good evening, may I help you?” I ask, whilst admiring the view!


“Hi, wonder if you can? I was told that I could find Ethan here.”


“Jurrell?!” He calls from behind me. “Man, when did you get here? I would’ve sent the car! Please let him in, Elliott.” 


I step aside whilst frowning, because Jurrell seems familiar to me, but I can’t quite place why as I’ve never met him. 


“How was your flight?” He grins, leading him to the kitchen. “Is the farm in safe hands? Do you have samples?”


“Farm!” I exclaim hurrying after them. “You run Justin’s farm? Why are you here? Is there something wrong?!”


“And you are?” He holds out a hand.


I take it, the vibe from him is good, but just to be certain. “Elliott. I’m a good friend, and more importantly, supporter of Brian and Justin. This is Debs, my fiance, Ronald and Nancy, they’re friends and supporters too.”


“Okay, you wanna roll back the warnings. Whoever Brian is, he has nothing to worry about. As good and close as Justin and I are, there’s no attraction there - he’s too vanilla for me.” His grin is full of warmth. “He wants to be in love and settled, has done ever since I’ve known him. I’m not about that. I like to hump and dump as fast as possible.”


“You sound quite mercenary.” Debs pouts. 


“Mercenary is a little harsh but true. I love sex.” He gestures at a seat, I nod. “As long as they’re legal and willing, I’m in, literally.”


“They’re?” Debs echoes, pouring wine with a sly smile. “Are you bisexual, and does your mercenary side extend to protectionism?”


“Debs!” Ethan and I exclaim, whilst Nancy claps with gee.


“Yes, very protective. Who do I need to shield Justin from?”


“The mother of Gus and her bestie. The sex, if it happens, is bound to be terribly mediocre.” Ethan smirks. “However, the payback will more than make up for it!”


Eyes flashing, he folds his arms. “Tell me what that grasping strumpet has done.” 


TAYLOR FALLS - NEXT AFTERNOON


JUSTIN


It’s the whistling that gets my attention. Brian has his shirt over his shoulder, sunglasses on, and a sexy smile on his face. “Hey there, you finished for the day?”


“Yep! And you’ve got a visitor. He said to find you and give you this.” I frown as I’m not expecting anyone. Then, I see the box, and know who’s here. “I have to admit he is gorgeous, but enough about him. Open it!” 


“What, no kiss?” I tease, taking my time to rinse out my brushes. 


“Moro!” He growls. “Why is he here with whatever this is? You normally leave him to it.” I continue rinsing, he starts to drum on the box. I glance at the box and smile. “Is what’s in here for me?” 


I pull him down for a kiss. “I’m not sure about it, wanted your opinion. Didn't expect him to drop it off personally.” He nuzzles my neck. “So you gonna open it?” 


He pulls me down to sit next to him and rips off the packaging. My nerves recede when he whistles at the box, then he opens it. Frowning, he takes out the first bottle and sniffs. He applies a couple of drops to his arm, before opening the tube. Nodding, he rubs it between his fingers. 


His reaction to the final bottle is to start to gather everything and walk to the water’s edge. I follow. “We must test the efficacy of your new hemp body products immediately!” He declares, unbuttoning his jeans, then shakes his head. “I’ll do that!” I wait as he takes his time folding his clothes. “Now come here, no, actually, let’s go further up.” 


“Brian!” I pout. “Can I at least take my top off?!”


“The quicker you walk, the quicker you get naked!” 


LOUNGE - TEN MINUTES LATER


ETHAN


I stare out of the window as Lindsay and Michael walk towards the front door, leaving Raven to carry their bags. I smirk as he dumps one out, grinds the contents into the dirt, then puts them back - they’re oblivious, of course. I push the window open slightly to enjoy their complaining about no longer having keys to the main house and Mel’s insistence that he can’t be in the cottage.


“I’ll get it!” Jurrell calls, they frown at each other. “Hi, may I help you?”


“Who are you? A friend of Justin’s?” Lindsay simpers, Michael is too busy checking his phone to notice her hair twirling. “Lindsay.” She extends her hand. His gaze rolls over her. She sticks out her chest, which gets Michael’s attention.


“And I’m Michael, her very best and dearest friend.” He snipes, almost standing in front of her. “Excuse us.”


“My guy, what’s the rush?” Jurrell turns to him. “Come on in, Justin’s not here. Am making some coffee, do you guys want a cup?”


I hurry to the door as she sashays past. He follows, blocking Jurrell’s view. When Jurrell whistles low, the scowl turns to a smile. “What did you say your name is again?” He calls back.


“Jurrell.” He replies, winking as he passes. I wait a few minutes and join them in the kitchen. 


TAYLOR FALLS - SAME TIME


BRIAN


We're naked. He got tired of waiting, and streaked, literally, past me. By the time I caught up with him, he was clockwatching with a smile. “The exercises and therapy are clearly working.” I leer. Have to say, I adore his sexily confused look. “When was the last time you ran like that?”


“Years ago.” He smiles, whilst tugging my boxers down, the kiss to my tip flows into him starting to suck me off. 


Gently, I bump the box on his head, he chuckles around my cock. Between us, we get it on the ground, undamaged. He starts to suck in earnest, squeezing and kneading my cheek, I widen my stance, he gets the hint. Groaning as his fingers breech then swirl, the feeling is intensely exquisite. 


“More, more, more Moro, more!” I chant over and over, my eyes squeezed tight. My ass quivers as he speeds up. “Close, oh close!” I garble then scream. With one sharp thrust against my hotspot, I cum. As I pulse down his throat, my knees start to buckle. “Moro, move!” I croak. As I fold in on myself, he somehow manages to hold me up. 


JUSTIN


I hold him tighter when he tries to stand, waiting until he’s breathing normally. “Do you think you can lie back?” 


“Hmmf.” He mumbles, before complying, albeit very slowly. I grab our tees and plunge them in the river, his initial squeal at the coldness is replaced by sighs of delight as I clean him off with my tee and use his to cool his brow. “That. I’ve got to do that to you.” 


“I’ll hold you to it.” Taking the box, I check the contents properly, they really do look good. I sniff each one and he’s done an excellent job. “Blueberry Kush and Jamaican Gold.” I rub the oil between my fingers, and sniff. The combination of him and that is incredible. My hole hears his growl. I pour some into his hand, he takes his time slicking his cock. So I take my time sitting on it. “Ready?”


“Give me a sec.” He groans, before flipping us over and thrusting hard. “Question is, are you?”


“Yes, yes, yes, yes!” I squeal, wrapping my legs around him, I let him fuck me to heaven and back!


KITCHEN - SAME TIME


LINDSAY


I glance at Michael, once more we're of the same mind. We’ve got to get to know Jurrell away from everyone. Yes, we’ve managed to find out that he’s a friend of Justin’s but not, seemingly, of Mel’s! When she came in from wherever she was, she looked shocked, and has been staring hatefully at him ever since. 


“How long are you going to be here?” She snipes.


“A couple of months, maybe longer. I’ve got a couple points of interest I need to visit.” I hide my flush by ducking my head and hope Michael didn’t notice.


MICHAEL


I shift in my seat a little. It’s been a while since I felt the gay tingle, but oh boy am I feeling it now. “So where are you going to be staying?” I smile at him, his return grin I feel in my back pocket. 


“With me.” Evan declares. “Am going to take him out on the town, once, of course, he and Justin have caught up. Are he and Brian going to be long?”


“You’ve met Brian? When was that?” I frown.


“About an hour ago, but the person I want to see mostly is Gus.”


“You’ve remembered your godson then?” Mel gripes. 


“I didn’t realise Gus had a godfather?” I beam.


“So you’re the elusive person. Justin had mentioned him but not whom. Mel, why didn’t you tell us about him?”


“No point as I doubt he’ll have any recollection of him.” She scowls.


“I’m sure he will.” Jurrell smiles, I wouldn't if she spoke to me like that, what a patient charmer he is! “Where is he anyway?” 


“At a friend’s.” She carps. “I’m going to pick him up now.” 


“Mel, you seem tired, why don’t Michael and I go get him?” Lindsay asks, Mel takes her time considering this before finally nodding. “Great, let me get Raven to bring the car around.”


Just as she says that, Daphne comes in with Ben, Wilson and Emmett. Ethan has to introduce them to him. “Sorry, guys, we need to take Jurrell to pick up Gus. He’s dying to see Gus again after all this time!” I link arms with him. “Come on, you handsome devil, let’s go and get to know each other better.”


“Collect Gus he means.” Mel bitches quietly. I say nothing as I’ve gotten a much better way of paying her and Justin back. By the time I’m finished, I will be part of the family.


BARN - AN HOUR LATER


BRIAN


It got too hot, despite the post love-making-after-the-fuck swim. It got a little slippy under the waterfall, but we managed. Three times. He’s still dozing in his little nest and I’m back with coffee and cheesecake. I blow the steam across his nostrils. After the fourth pass, he opens his eyes, then makes some room.


“That looks good.” He ignores the fork and takes a bite. “Ooh haven’t had that in ages. I love Maya’s espresso martini cheesecake!” We feed it to each other and I regret cutting such small slices. “Happy to go in now?”


“Let’s finish our coffee first.” As we sit in silence, a text comes through from Daphne. He reads over my shoulder and sighs. “What’s wrong?”


He starts to get dressed, but I stop him. “Robert Craswell is one of the greatest art critics in the Eastern seaboard, his word carries a lot of weight. A couple of years before our accident, I didn't take his criticism very well and acted out, a situation that was only calmed by, ironically, Lindsay.”


“Was he right in what he said?” I turn his face to me, the blush gives me my answer. “So what you going to do?”


“Apologise again and hope he’s busy at my next show, but I doubt he will be.” He looks so defeated. “Why was Daph texting you about him anyway?”


“He got a call from Lindsay about your new show.”


“Oh for fuck sake!” He snarls, his face darkens when I chuckle. “She knows we have history, she’s doing whatever the fuck she’s doing to hurt me, why is this funny?!”


“Because Robert’s dogs are our clients and she kept calling when he was trying to book an appointment. After speaking to her he needed to vent.”


JUSTIN


My mood begins to lift. “Vent?”


“He adores Daphne, as she taught him to notice when he’s being waspily soaped. So when Lindsay called her indiscreet, sugary simpering and subtle bitching about you grated on his nerves.”


“Brian.” I tickle his side, he easily pins me. “Come on, please?”


“True, he’s not a fan of you, but he’s less of a fan of her.”





Espresso martini cheesecake recipe | BBC Good Food

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive, if reviewing. Thx