- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brain bleach warning for Michael shenanigans

CHAPTER 40 - AN HONOUR AND A BREAKTHROUGH


NANCY AND RONALD’S HOME - TWO DAYS LATER 


RONALD


“We will have to move.” I declare, Nancy almost drops her juice. “That’s what we will tell them; so we’ll have enough space for our new grandbabies.”


“How long have we got?” When she puts on her headset and plugs into her laptop, I can’t help the snickering. “What’s so funny?!”


“Just recalling an early moment in our courtship. You were working in your father’s office and it was just us for lunch…” I enjoy her embarrassment. “...how did you explain that broken chair to him?”


She giggles. “It was only discovered when a jackass sat in it and was painfully brought down to earth!” 


“Nice! Nancy…” I dig in her side. “...stick to Madison County, not Madison in Maine! Our grandchild should not have to suffer because of their parents!”


“Okay, okay, stop that!” 


“Make no mistake, darling, they will live where we say and I have every intention of them being childfree by the end of it!”


“Have I told you how much I love you, Ronald?!” She squeals.


“Yes, twice this morning.”


MICHAEL AND LINDSEY'S HOUSE - SAME TIME


LINDSAY


“Lindz?” He calls through the door. “We need to get you to the doctors; shouldn't you be over the sickness by now?!”


“Michael…” I run the tap. “...every pregnancy is different. I will be over it when I am over it.” Steeling my resolve, I open the door. “Why aren’t you dressed?”


“I wanted to shower with you two, and…”


I sigh. “You’ll only get carried away and we don’t have time for that kind of thing.”


“What kind of thing exactly?” He pushes past. “Wish I had known you would be like this!” 


“How am I being?!” I snarl.


“Like Mel!” He slams the door and turns his music on full blast.


“Why not have another fumble behind the garages then?!” I spit quietly, flopping back on the bed. When I discovered he cheated, I was more annoyed at the location and the buddy, not the act itself. At least my delicious Lady Chatterley and Mellors-esque tryst had a bit of class! “I suppose I should let him have some relief, I don’t want the wallet to wander off until I am back at Britin!” I reach into our drawer and find the box. Unbuttoning my blouse and pasting on a smile, I enter the bathroom.


MICHAEL


Sighing, I switch off my phone. “I guess I shouldn't have said that.” 


“Although you hurt me deeply, I understand somewhat. If you want, I could…”


My heart sinks at the sight of the box - if I had just waited! “I’ve…” I gesture to the shower.


“Oh come now, surely you can go again?”


My dropped towel is her answer. I get on the bed, putting the pillows under my hips. “It’s been ages since we did…”


“...I know, now which to use? Oh I thought I had put mine back…” She pulls out the drawer. “...give me a minute.”


“You don’t need it now you’ve got the real thing; so I’ve thrown it away.” 


LINDSAY


“Excuse me.” I demand. “What does the ‘real thing’ have to do with it?”


“Well…” He turns and waves his real thing. “...look at it…” He starts to stroke himself. “…look how thick it is, how wide; remember how you moan and beg for it…” He jerks his hips. “…this pounding inside you, why would you need anything else?!”


“Move over…” I sit next to him and load our favourite webpage, he licks his lips. “…in that case, I am ordering something for you. No, Michael, you can’t see it now! I will put a rush on it, so we can use it tonight!” I kiss him lightly, pushing back when he, of course, starts to get carried away. Jesus he’s like a randy monk! “Tonight, hold on till tonight.”


He nods and rubs my stomach. “I’m so glad you’re not having twins. Mel is enormous now, she won’t snap back at all. Let me get dressed…” He jumps up and grabs his phone. “...have a surprise for you, well two, one is for both of us!”


THIRTY MINUTES LATER


LINDSAY

 

I watch that bloody manatee schlep-slither to the car to run some errands. His cavalier smiling assassin behaviour has left me staggered. I am very happy with his decision to sign us up for baby classes, since he will be the one looking after the child that he wanted so badly and the Mutha toiletries he found; he told me to take my pick, no expense spared. However, it’s the gym classes he’s signed me, not him since he’s in peak physical condition, up for that is so enraging! As I check the gym out, my anger recedes. It is one of the best in the burgh! 


“They have a holistic spa and beauty centre!!” I crow. Within half an hour, I've booked the right classes and ordered almost five hundred dollars of Mutha products. I lie back, closing my eyes with a smile because he's paying for something he will barely reap the benefit of. I can't wait to see his face when he opens his surprise tonight. Throw away my vibrator without recourse, oh I think not!


STABLES, BRITIN - SAME TIME


JUSTIN


“Floga!” I pant, having run from the house. “Where are you?!”


“Here!” He waves at me, I quickly join him, pulling him into a deep kiss. “What’s up?!” 


“We have to go.” I swallow the lump in my throat. “The boys are waiting.”


FORTY MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


“Moro…” I whisper, he wipes away my tears. “...how and when?” 


“A few months ago. When Ems told us they refused to tell you where, Mel, Gus and I made our mission to bring Cynthia here.” 


“Pop…” Hunter sniffles. “...this is so beautiful and peaceful. What’s that under there?” 


“Marble, you and Papa can put the words you want.” Gus explains, eyes shining. “Can they come up now?”


“Who?” I frown.


“Everyone. They’re waiting by the barns. Sorry, I didn’t think I would cry.” Justin wipes his eyes. “So can we go and get them?” 


“Because you are all heart, and all mine.” I murmur. “Yeah but let us call you first?” With a nod and another hug, he leads Gus down the hill. “You gonna name it?” 


“Mmmhmmm. She’s got a good view.” He smiles. “Really good, right opposite the falls. Oh…no that’s too maudlin…”


“What?” I tilt up his chin.


“The Cairn.” He replies, I smile and nod. “What would she do now if it were you there?”


HALF AN HOUR LATER


EMMETT


Poor Maya, she’s recovered from the shock of Brian yelling ‘get your fucking asses up here right now and let’s toast this bastard’; she hadn’t heard about Cyn’s ribald side! Her proper resting place is surrounded by blue agate, which was her favourite stone and also provides peace and reflection. 


“You can see all around the estate from here!” I sigh, leaning back against Drewsie. 


“Guys! Help!” Winston yells, running towards us. “He’s hurt!” Immediately we spring into action, with Daphne running back down to get my bag whilst we clear a space. “He’s got a gash on his leg, found him by the stream!”


“What is he?” Debs holds the boys back, whilst glancing at a very pale Justin.


“A coyote. Young one.” Brian uses his shirt to cover its eyes. “Might be too young to be away from his mom. Blake, Ted, go back with Winston, see if she’s about!” 


“What can I do?” Justin demands.


“Moro, it’s…”


“I need to do this!” He asserts rolling up his sleeves. “So tell me!”


AN HOUR LATER


LOUNGE


GUS


“Do you think they were able to save him?” I whisper.


Drew sits next to me, “No sugar coating this, it looks really bad…” I start to cry, he hands me a tissue. “…it may be a small mercy to let him go.” Papa comes in looking tired, Drew pulls me closer. “This is what happens. Does Ems need me and Ben to…”


“…no. He's fine, feisty little fucker!” Papa ruffles H’s hair, then mine. “You should be super proud of your dad, he did really well…”


“…apart from when I stabbed myself when doing the stitches.” He grumps, coming in with a tray of drinks. “Maya said this is good for shock, she's gonna set the bath and…”


“You did stitches!” I gasp. “What was it like?” 


“Awful, for me and him, but I did it.” He hands me and H a drink. “One off, very watered down, after a very emotional day.” 


“To say the least.” Papa cracking his neck makes everyone flinch. “Sorry…” He chuckles as dad burrows between his legs. “...since we're still a bit tense. We’ve got the investigators meeting on Friday and…”


“...we want to be there.” I state. “Dad and I have been talking.”


“Oh thank god!” Ems exclaims. “Did you notice those two nincompoops when Brian mentioned it the last time they were…”


“...which is why we’ve read it.” Dad states. 


BRIAN


“Ah that explains the whimpering; was it Tuesday?” He nods whilst I rub his stomach. “I’m sorry that I got over protective.”


“Apology accepted, let me pick my battles with them going forward please?”


“And speaking of battles…” Debs chuckles. “...Nancy and Ronald have finally called them to dinner! So it’s gonna be you two coming with me and Elliott…”


“Who two?” Justin subtly grinds against me.


“Ems and Brian.”


“Why me?!” I manage to suppress my moan.


“Two reasons: you need to embellish a lot over how Mel’s progressing and the cottages. And because Justin won’t be there, they will take it as a moment to denigrate, which will wind you up then he can wind you down!”


“And to ensure that…” Elliot drawls, my heart sinks at his knowing smirk! “...Justin’s going to be babysitting the cub and you’ll be babysitting the boys!”



Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing, thank you

To be continued.
MissMerlot is the author of 24 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Strawberry Fields also liked 437 other stories.