- Text Size +

AllChapter 9


“I can’t believe you planned all this while I bought Molly’s car.” Justin said as he ran his hand down Brian’s arm and Brian caught it in his.

“I wish I could take full credit for it. I had mentioned that I wanted to have a night away from the kids and while you were signing papers. I texted asking if we could go to dinner before coming home and five minutes later she called and told me Em and James are sleeping in our room and helping with the kids.  Nat will be around part of the time although she has rehearsal for next week's show.

“And of course, Molly will be there.  We both know our kids are in great hands.  I mean there will be two people for every child.” Justin brought Brian’s hand to his mouth and gently began to lick each finger tip.

Brian growled low in his throat. “Damn, if you keep that up I am going to have to pull over and take you in the alley.”

“We are only a couple blocks from the loft. I think you will make it.  Have you planned dinner? Are we going to order something in?”

“Oh, no, Sunshine.  Do you know how long it has been since I have shown you off in public?”

“Well, I showed you off in Atlanta.”

“Yes, but tonight we are eating at a new place.  It just opened and, do you remember, Jeff? He used to be a bartender at Babylon.”

“Was he that brunette who was so built?”

“Maybe we won’t eat at his place if you remember him that well.”

“If I remember right you hooked up with him more than once so I should be the wary one.”

Brian pulled into the little parking area next to the loft.  The neighborhood had been renovated.  Brian had actually bought up most of the real estate and then rented it out to up and coming young entrepreneurs.  

“When did you renovate the first floor of the loft?”

“Just before we left for Atlanta.  Some bartender wanted to open a new restaurant.” Brian said as he got out of the SUV.

“We’re going to eat in our building?”

“Yes.  It is a small bistro.  Right now it only sits about 50 and the bar holds another 40.”

“That’s not a good sign that you could get a reservation so quickly.”

“Oh, Sunshine, there will always be a table for us there.”

“What’s it called?”

Brian pulled Justin into his arm.  “He named it Pansy. Well, that’s the name of the restaurant but the bar is called Sunshine’s Place.”

“Brian, you had them name the bar after me?” Justin stepped on his tiptoes and kissed him.

“Jeff wasn’t sure what to name the bar.  Because there was a separate entrance to it he decided he wanted it to be separate.  They serve a small menu there, mostly sandwiches and appetizers while I hear the bistros menu changes frequently with specials each day.”

“What time is our reservation?”

“He has the table for us at 7:30 but since we haven’t even had lunch Jeff said he would have a bag at the door,” Brian looked at his phone, “about now. It will just have a couple sandwiches for us.”

“Ummm,” Justin said as Brian pulled him onto the elevator and pressed him against the wall. “This reminds me of…” Brian’s mouth crushed his. The elevator stopped and Justin mumbled, “I always wished the loft was on at least the fifth floor.” Justin reached for the gate and opened it. Brian draped an arm around his shoulders and they walked out.

“Damn,” Brian said as he slid the door open, “It has been a while since you and I have spent the night here.

Justin bent and grabbed the bag that was sitting by the door.  “This is the heaviest sandwich I’ve ever held.”  He carried the brown bag in and set it on the counter.

Brian sat down on one of the stools and looked into the bag, “Awe, I see the weight issue.” He pulled out a very nice bottle of champagne.  He pulled out two styrofoam containers and Justin opened them.  There were two large sandwiches in one and in the other there was a fruit salad.  Brian pulled an envelope out of the bag while Justin got plates. 

The note said, ‘Brian and Justin, I have given you a couple sandwiches to try.  The muffuletta is one of our specialties and if I remember right, turkey on wheat, no mayo was your signature.  If you need anything else just call downstairs and I will have someone bring it up.  I didn’t want you to eat too much knowing you were coming down for dinner.  Jeff’

“This looks really good. I didn’t realize how hungry I was.  Do we want to finish what we started on the lift or eat first?” Justin asked.

“Let’s eat.  Then we have five or six hours to play before dinner.”

“Damn, I love the way you think.” Justin kissed him as he sat down next to him.

After they shared half of each sandwich and some of the fruit salad they were both full.  “How much did he think we could eat?” Justin groaned.

“I haven’t had a turkey sandwich like that in a long time and that muffuletta…”

“If those sandwiches are any hint of what the rest of the food is like, I am going to explode before the night is done.”

“Well, I have a feeling you and I will explode within the next fifteen minutes.”

“Let’s go test your prediction as soon as I put this in the fridge.” Justin packed everything up quickly and efficiently before tucking them in the fridge. Justin turned around and ran directly into Brian who was totally naked.  “How the hell did you do that so… oh, who the hell cares.” Justin dropped to his knees and took Brian’s dick in his mouth. He grabbed Brian’s ass and as he took all of him in his mouth he inserted his finger behind. 

Brian only held on for a few moments before he spewed all he had into Justin’s mouth. Brian held on to the counter as Justin slowly licked from root to head. “God, Sunshine, have I told you how much I love you lately!”

Justin stood, “Yes, you have but I never tire of hearing it. Have I told you that you are as beautiful as the first night I met you.”

“Remind me to make an appointment at the optometrist for you.”

“Brian,” Justin said as Brian pulled his shirt off.  “Do you think we should call home and just make….shit, Molly was supposed to let us know…..she should have been home half an hour ago.”

“Check your phone.  Maybe you just didn’t hear it.” Justin wasn’t sure when Brian had undid his pants but he stepped out of them.  His phone was at the end of the counter and he picked it up just as it pinged.  It said, ‘Sorry, Gus and Aaron wanted to play right away.  The car is amazing, Justin.  Thank you so much.’

He texted back, ‘Mollusk, love you.  That is as much your money as mine.  It all came from him.’

‘Love you, too, and you know you never were told to share it.  I’m going to go play with your boys.  You go play with you boy.’ 

Brian had walked up behind him and was reading the messages as he took off Justin’s briefs. “I knew I loved your sister.  Let’s go play.”

An hour later they lay on the bed.  Their skin glistened as they caught their breath.

“I don’t think we are as young as we used to be. I remember doing that all night, taking a 30 minute nap and working all day.  “Or go to school in my case.” Justin rolled over and put his head on Brian’s chest. “Let’s take a short nap and then we can go another couple rounds.”

“That sounds perfect.” Brian kissed the top of his head and they both fell asleep. 


Four hours later, Justin stretched and looked at his phone. “Shit, Brian, we slept three hours!”

He stretched leisurely.  “I guess we were tired.  Good thing we can go down to a relaxing dinner and then come back up here and will be well rested to continue what we had started.  I have to admit I feel more rested than I have in weeks.” He stretched his injured leg, “And I really think this leg is finally healed.  Next week I go back and I hope he tells me I can get rid of this stupid boot.”

“Can we go take a relaxing shower?”

“Oh, ya!  How about not so relaxing?”

Justin jumped out of bed and moved toward the bathroom.  “I’ll get the water set.”

“Shit we are getting old,” Brian said as he walked into the shower.

“Speak for yourself!” Justin said, kissing him in the middle of his chest. “Your leg must really be feeling better.  You walked in here with very little limp.”

“I think I am leaving the boot up here tonight.” Brian turned Justin so his back was to him and started running a bar of soap over him. He took a deep breath. “This soap, it’s different from what we have at home.”

“It is. Just the smell of it…. takes me back.”

“I think I like ours at home better but, damn, I remember this sent all over you.” Brian inhaled Justin’s skin and just for good measure he gently bit his neck. Justin dropped his head against Brian’s chest. Justin let Brian guide him against the glass wall and then he entered him. “You are not nearly as tight as you used to be,” Brian laughed.

“Don’t tell me that.  That is the fear of every gay bottom, is that someday….”

“Sunshine, I was kidding. You are and always will be the most amazing lover I can imagine.” He continued to move leisurely. “From the first night you had a natural instinct like no one I ever fucked.”

Brian started moving much quicker and as he did Brian reached around and began to slide his hand up and down Justin’s shaft and they both came. Brian brought his mouth to Justin’s ear.  “I love you more every day.”

Justin turned in his arms and kissed him. Pressing their wet, slick bodies together. “I will always be yours. And now we need to get ready to go.” He took Brian’s hand and led him out of the shower.


Justin scrounged through the closet, still naked.  “Damn, do I have any clothes left here?  I know you end up sleeping here once in a while if you have a late or early morning.  It has been a long time since I stayed here.” He bent and looked in the bottom drawer.

Brian sat on the edge of the bed pulling on his socks, “Why don’t you look further back in the closet,” he said as he leered at Justin’s ass in the air. “Damn if you don’t put something on in the next few seconds we may never get out of here.”

Justin stood up with a pair of shoes.  He now had pants and shoes and could wear one of Brian’s shirts and his socks. He got dressed quickly in a pair of black slacks and a burgundy shirt.  He slipped the loafers on and then took a moment to look at Brian. As Brian stood, Justin whistled. “Christ, you are a god! If I wasn’t so hungry,” Justin walked over to Brian who stood in a simple white button down and khakis. “I would say to forget dinner.”  They kissed leisurely. 

“I hope you are in the mood to dance because I plan to have your body against me most of the night.” Brian increased the pressure to Justin’s mouth and Justin sighed. 

“I am sure I wouldn’t starve.  We could finish the sandwich…” Justin said after forcing himself to take a step backward.

“I want to be seen with my beautiful husband and see how jealous everyone is.” 

“Brian, I am the one who will have to be chasing men away all night.” Justin reached for Brian’s hand.  “We better go before they give away our reservations.”

“Let’s go enjoy ourselves.  We haven’t had a night out for far too long.” Brian tossed his arm around Justin’s shoulders and they left the loft.


The restaurant was cheerful and welcoming.  A majority of the customers were gay men but there were a few straight couples in for good measure. “Hey, guys, so glad you could join us tonight.” Jeff, the owner greeted them. He had watched them walk in and be seated thinking both of them had only gotten better with age.  He had contact with Brian from time to time but he hadn’t seen Justin, in person, for a long time. “Would you like to see the menus or can I tell our chef to make the choices for you?”

Brian looked at Justin and Justin nodded. “That sounds great, Jeff.”

“Is there anything you don’t like?”

“No, if it is made well we will eat it. Looks like you have a nice crowd.”

“We usually have a full house.” Someone waved Jeff over. “Excuse me, I will get your order in and catch you later.”

“Will you dance with me while we wait for our food?” Brian stood and Justin took his hand.  The music was slow and romantic.  “Now what were we doing back in Babylon days?  This is much more…” his mouth dropped on Justin’s.

“I must agree on that note although all that body friction and nakedness had its appeal.” 

When the song ended they stopped by a table with old friends and then saw their appetizers were being dropped off. They walked back and Brian pulled Justin’s chair out. He kissed Justin’s cheek as he pushed it back in.

“How is your leg holding up?” Justin asked as he dipped some crusty bread in a crock of cheese sauce. His face showed his pleasure.

“That good, huh? And, not that you remember the question, but my leg feels great right now.”  Justin dipped another piece of the bread and offered it to Brian. Brian opened his mouth and took the bread off the fork. He chewed it slowly, “Damn, that is good.”

To go along with the heavy bread and cheese there were thinly sliced, marinated vegetables.  The tartness of the pickled vegetables along with the fatty cheese, matched perfectly.  The waiter came over and removed the finished plates.  Justin reached over and linked his fingers with Brian’s. I don’t think I knew I needed this night as bad as I did. Things are going great at the house but with Ronni pregnant and Nat about to be out, and face it, we both know she is leaving.  She is excited and hurting all at once.”

“Don’t look now but the cause of her pain just walked in the door.” Brian raised a hand greeting as Father Tom walked over. “Hey, Tom, how are you? I’m surprised to see you out with a date.”

“Not a date.” He turned and said to the man he walked in with, “Just grab our table.  I will be there in a minute.” The man responded and followed the host to a table at the other side of the bistro.  “That is my cousin.  He happens to be gay, also.  I told him about this place and haven’t been here myself so it is a perfect time to come.” 

“We miss you, Tom.” Justin said simply.  “So does Nat.”

Brian squeezed Justin’s hand, “Sunshine…”

“I know we weren’t going to get involved but he has a right to know. She has surgery in a couple weeks and then after her recovery, she is moving to Atlanta.”

“Tom, do you care about her at all?” Brian asked bluntly.

“I better go join my cousin. I…” Tom hesitated.  “I don’t…. My calling…”

“You can be called to another kind of service, like my father.  If you love her, I think, no, I know Dad would have a job for you.”

Without a word Tom walked away.

“Bri, that was a lot to lay on him out in public.” Justin let go of Brian’s hand as their server brought them a fall pumpkin soup.

“He needs to get some balls and know that the priesthood isn’t the only way he can do good.  And we both know he is just fooling himself.”

“I think he will be doing a lot of thinking now.  So let’s taste this soup.”

The evening continued. They ate. They danced until Brian’s leg got tired. They talked, at first about the kids, then about their family, and then about their future. 

“Sunshine, I will be an old man and you will still look like you are in your twenties.”

“Brian Kinney, even if that was true and it will not be, I will love you until our last day on earth.  Gus, Aaron, and Jessi Anne will be there to help us as we get old. One of them will live in Britin and we will have a small house to the side.  If we’re lucky the other two will live close and we will be the…”

“Watch it Mr. Taylor if you were going to say grandparents.”

Neither of them noticed Tom walk up. “Brian, may I have a dance with your husband. Justin, may I have a dance?”

“Sure, Tom.” Justin walked on to the dance floor with him.  The dance had barely started when Justin felt Tom tremble. “Tom, are you alright?”

“Justin, you know how I feel about Nate.”

“Do you feel that way about Natalia?”

“Of course I do. It’s the soul I love, and I will love whatever body that soul is in.”

“Well, Tom, as long as you are a priest, that soul can be yours but not the body, and it is not fair to her if you can’t give 100%.”

“I know.” A tear rolled down Tom’s cheek.  

“I would say you have about two months to make your decision but if she goes without you, don’t chase after him.  Make it a clean break.  Go with her or make it a clean break.” The music faded out and Justin kissed Tom’s cheek.  “Call Kevin.  He always seems to know what to do.” Justin walked over and Brian stood to greet him.

“I hope you don’t mind,” Brian said after kissing his cheek.  “I got our dessert to go.”

“That is perfect,” Justin said, leaning against Brian.

“What did you and Tom talk about?”

“We can talk about it upstairs.”

“Ok, Sunshine.”

“Brian, promise me we will do this every couple months.” All of a sudden Justin needed Brian more than ever.

“I promise, Justin.” They stepped onto the elevator together.

“After talking to Tom it just showed me again how lucky we are that we met the first time and then when you tracked me down.” They stepped off the elevator. “Take me to bed, Brian.”

“It will be my pleasure.”

Brian opened the door and let Justin walk in. “Oh, my….” The apartment glowed. Everywhere Justin looked, there were candles and then he noticed the rose petals on the floor. “How did you…..” Justin felt Brian step up behind him and wrapped him in his arms.

“When was the last time you were pampered?” Brian said in his ear from behind. He dropped one arm and moved next to Justin guiding him into the loft and they closed the door. Justin started working at the buttons on Brian’s shirt. He dropped a kiss on Brian’s chest for each button he opened.  He tugged the back of the shirt out of Brian’s khakis.

“Slow down, Sunshine.  We have all night.” Brian linked his fingers with Justin and brought both pairs to the small of Justin’s back pulling him tightly against him. “Let’s take our time.” They walked down the path of flowers.  There was a faint scent of rose in the air and when they got to the steps Justin could see they continued into their bed.

“How did you do this?”

“I had a little help from Jeff.  He lent me a bus person for some assistance.” They climbed the steps and Brian bent Justin backward and kissed him, without breaking the kiss they straightened up and now it was Brian’s turn to unbutton Justin’s shirt. “Hell, that shirt never looked that good on me.” Brian slipped the shirt off Justin’s shoulders and then trailed kisses along his neck and shoulders as Justin shivered. Simultaneously, they unbuckled their belts and slipped out of their pants as they stepped to the bed. Together they fell onto the bed.

For several minutes they kissed and stroked each other’s skin and as they explored, their need began to grow. Brian pressed Justin flat on his back and Brian worked his way down Justin’s now quivering body. After several minutes Justin moved and pressed Brian onto the mattress.  He worked his way down and soon had his mouth gliding down Brian’s stomach and then followed the thin trail of hair lower. He ran his hands down Brian’s inner thighs until Brian cried out. “Sunshine, please….Enough.  I need you!”

“All you had to do was ask.”  Justin rolled off and was flat on his back. Brian tried to take it slow but by this point they were both so close to the edge, the moment Brian felt Justin close around him, he was gone.  He drove in fast and hard.  With Justin’s legs on Brian’s shoulders and their eyes locked, they both cried out as they crested and then came down slowly as their bodies and breath drifted back to their own little world.  Tonight they were the only two living there.


“Brian, I wonder how many times we have made love in this bed?” Justin’s finger trailed around Brian’s still damp chest.

“Oh, shit, I would need Ted to put those numbers together.”

“If you had any way of knowing you could tally it.  We could do an estimation of how many nights we spent together and how many times we made love a night and…”

Brian rolled over pinning Justin down, “Well, so far today we would add, three, no four to our total.

“And I have a feeling we might make that five,” Justin snagged a quick kiss.

“I could use a little sleep first.  My leg needs a break.”

“That might be a good idea.” Justin sat up, and opened the drawer, taking a pill out of a bottle and popping it. “I think I worked up an appetite.  Where did you set the dessert?”

“It’s on the counter.  Do you have a headache?”

“Maybe a little one.  It’s probably because I don’t have Ronni’s tea here to ward it off. I’ll be fine. I’m going to go get the box of dessert and two spoons.” He came back with two bottles of water and spoons in one hand and the box in the other. They half lay half sat as they ate triple chocolate cake.  Between the decadent layers of cake was more decadent mousse with layers of chunks of dark chocolate in between.

“Shit, this stuff could give me an orgasm without doing anything else.” Brian said as he drug his finger through the mousse and stuck it in Justin’s mouth. Justin’s tongue circled his finger making Brian sigh.

It was Justin’s turn to run his finger through the mousse but as Brian opened his mouth, Justin’s hand moved downward and traced the head of his own cock. “Want to lick it off?” 

“Damn, Sunshine!” As Brian moved down Justin’s body, Justin got the box off the bed and stretched out as Brian’s warm tongue began to lick.

It was nearly 3:00 a.m. before they both fell into a deep, blissful sleep.


Brian stretched and reached for Justin but his side of the bed was empty. He stood and followed the scent of coffee to the kitchen. “Good morning,” Justin smiled at Brian and kissed him. Brian pressed his naked body against his.

“Is that for me?” he nodded in the direction of the coffee mug. 

Justin handed it to him.  I thought you might need a pick me up right now.”

“Did you sleep as well as I did?”

Justin kissed him, “I did. I talked to Ronni, the kids are fine.” Justin smiled, “I could hear Aaron eating.  You know how he goes, ‘nom nom nom’ as he eats. I miss them. I love them all so much.”

“And I love you,” Brian set his almost empty mug on the counter. “I don’t know about you but I’m fuckin’ cold.  I hear that bed calling our names for one more round.  I mean how often can we sleep in flower petals.”

“Well,” Justin set his coffee cup down, “I guess we could do it nightly but it seems like a lot of flowers every night.” They walked hand in hand back to the bedroom. As they got laid down Justin said, “I love you more than anything. You know that right.”

“I never understood why but I am so glad you do.” 

Forty five minutes later they stood in the shower and by 10:00 they were downstairs having brunch in the bistro.  “You never told me what you and Father Tom talked about last night.” Brian said as he took a bite of quiche.

“I hope I did the right thing.  I told him Natalia was leaving after her recovery and I told him he had to decide what he loved more, the church or Nat. I told him to call your dad.”

“I am not sure it is any of our business but I know you are looking out for Natalia.”

“I’m looking out for both of them.  You know as well as I do they belong together. Neither of them will be completely happy without the other.”

“Just remember, Sunshine,” Brian reached over and took his hand, “You are a good friend but you have enough to think about.”

“I have said my piece.  I am not going to butt in again.” Justin took a bite of a buttery croissant. “Damn, this place doesn’t do anything bad.” They talked a little more about the kids and the staff they would need to hire. 

“Justin, do you have time to deal with all of this?”

“Ronni, is doing the initial reviews and when she has it narrowed down, I will make the final decision.  I think Emmett is helping, too, because if they like him or her, they might be able to share from time to time.”

“I should have known all of you had this although, I would like to be in on the final decision.  Other than you, that person is going to take care of the most precious people in the world.”

“If it helps we could hold those at your office.  We won’t hold any of them here.  We don’t want to let everyone know where our place is.”

“You think of everything. And where are two more staff going to live?”

“Bri, we have like five extra bedrooms.  I thought whoever we hire as a nanny will sleep next to the nursery. The other person will sleep upstairs until Ronni moves out.  When she and Dante have the house ready, which will be before the end of the year, that person will have her room.”

“You have everything worked out.”

“Ronni has everything worked out. The only downfall with the plan is we are going to have to put on a robe to go to the nursery.”

“Hell, whoever we hire will just have to get used to us naked. Ronni has.  So, what are we going to do for the rest of the day?”

“Can we just go home? I have a weird feeling and I just want all of us to be together.”

“Your dad?”

“It is probably just me missing the kids, but let’s go.”

Brian and Justin tried to pay for their breakfast but Jeff wouldn’t take anything.  As he rushed past he said, “This is your B&B.  Breakfast is included.” They didn’t argue.

As the men got to the SUV, Brian kissed Justin as he got into the vehicle and then Brian got in and pulled out.   “Look at that old bomb across the road.  Haven’t seen something like that here for a long time.”

Justin looked over at it.  “I’m sure Jeff keeps track of things like that.  If it stays there too long, he’ll have it towed.” 

As they drove off, something in the wreck moved and then the car started, did an illegal u turn and started following Brian and Justin.

 

When they arrived at Britin, Justin and Brian were warmly greeted by their boys and as Justin went over to Molly who held Jessi and kissed her forehead, the little girl beamed up at him.  “I missed her,” he said softly to Molly and then kissed her cheek.

By mid afternoon, it was time for Molly to leave.  She had plans with friends that evening and of course needed to show off her new, used car. She said goodbye to the kids and Brian and Justin walked her out. He wanted to warn her about his feelings but he didn’t want to scare her and he had nothing to back up his apprehension. “Be careful, Mol.”

“Justin, thanks again for the car.”  

“Molly, it wasn’t my money that bought it.  It was yours. You know the money I got from him was put into a trust for you. There is at least enough for you to go to college and get started in whatever career you choose.”

“I love you, Justin.” Molly hugged her brother.

“Love you, too, Mol.” 

As Molly left the estate, the rickety car followed Molly toward the city.


The next week, flew past as Nat prepared for her big debut.  She had thought about canceling it knowing she would be moving soon but she decided it would be worth the experience.  She knew she had a job waiting in Atlanta but she knew if she didn’t try this once, she would always wonder if she could do it and with the gowns his uncle had given her, his drag she had to try it.

Throughout the week Em and Ronni had reviewed resumes and then interviewed several people.  By the end of the work they had five people they wanted Brian and Justin to meet with.  They had two for the housekeeper position and three for the nanny position.  They felt all of these candidates were trustworthy so it was just a manner of personality.  Brian had cleared his schedule for the next Wednesday and they would offer the two positions by the end of the week.


By Friday,  Natalia was a bundle of nerves but she was as ready as she could be. “Nat, I am so proud of you. I knew I could never do those gowns justice but you,” Em looked at his cousin standing in front of the mirror at the venue.  “You are stunning and you seem so comfortable that way.”

“Uncle Emmy, thank you for everything you have done.  I will miss you so much when I move south but I want a clean break.  When I move there no one will know me as Nate so Nat I will be.  I don’t know if I will do drag there although I know they have plenty of places to do it. So this might be my first and only weekend as ‘Natalia the Marvelous’.”

Emmett draped his arms over Natalia, looking directly in her eyes and said, “You fly, baby.  You be the best you you can be.  I am glad you are going someplace you already have support. Sal and Brandy are perfect friends for you.  They will be there for you and Kevin, well, he is always there to help.” Em pulled Nat in for a hug, kissing her cheek.  “Nat, I am going to miss you.”

“I’m not gone yet.  I’m going to need your help next month.”

“I already have the guest room cleaned up for the first couple weeks and when you feel ready to go back to your place, we will still be close enough to help out.”

“Thanks, Em.  Sally and Brandy have already said I can live with them until I make other arrangements and Kevin said the same. Em, is this wig high enough?” And the cousins changed the conversation to the event ahead.

Brian and Justin had Jenn, Tuck, Molly and a friend coming out to watch the kids.  They were going to spend the night so Ronni made sure two rooms were ready for them.  By the time the show was over it was going to be late so it had been decided a sleepover was the best option.

Justin had been anxious all week, and not the good kind of anxious. Yes, he wanted to see Natalia’s show but he had the feeling that they were being watched.  He was almost obsessed looking at the security cameras and  actually had James have an extra one put in that showed the road coming from Pittsburgh.  The only thing he had seen was he was sure he saw that wreck of a car they had seen in the city by the loft but he had James check into and he found out there were really quite a few of that make and model still on the road.

As Brian and Justin got ready for the night Justin was quieter than normal.  Brian slipped his arms around him from behind.  “Are you still having a feeling?”

“I’m sorry.  I know I am being irrational.  I think I just let him get in my head. Molly saw him the other day and she said, although it was awkward, he asked lots of questions about her and he asked about us but she didn’t answer any of his questions about us. She said he didn’t push her.”

“Did you ask her what he was driving?”

“Damn, I never thought about that.” He ran a comb through his hair and looked in the mirror.  “I’m going to go ask her about the car.  Are you ready to go? I think the car will be here anytime.”  They had ordered a limo so they all could have fun and none of them would have to worry about driving home.  Em was already with Nat but Ronni, Dante, James, Justin, and Brian were riding together and Em would come back with them.

“I’ll be down in a couple minutes.” Brian kissed him. “Go talk to Molly and then forget about it.  Tuck is here with them tonight and I have a guard that will be roaming. They will be fine.”

“I know. I hate having this feeling.” Justin wandered out of the room and moved downstairs.  He saw Molly and her friend playing on the floor with Aaron and Gus.  “Hey, Mol, can you come here a minute?”

Molly left her friend with the boys and walked over, “What’s up?”

“I have an odd question for you.”

“What do you want to know about Dad now?”

Justin smiled.  His little sister was so grown up now.  “When you saw him, did you see what he was driving?”

“No, he walked up from somewhere.  He must have been parked further away or he lives nearby. Why are you asking?”

“I’m just bugging out.  I happened to see an odd car a couple times and it probably wasn’t even the same car.  Don’t worry about it.  I am just letting myself freak.”

James walked in, “Are we ready? The car has just pulled in front of the house.”

“I’m here,” Brian called as he entered the room. 

“We’re ready.” Ronni and Dante looked excited.  “You know I could have driven.”

“I thought about that, Mom, but the car is fun and we don’t have to find a place to park.”

Justin approached Jenn and Tuck, “If you need us, text.  If you hear something, pick up that radio and you can talk to security.” Tuck nodded.  Justin kissed Jenn’s cheek.  “Thanks for watching the kids,” he said as Brian slipped his arm around Justin’s waist.

“We will see you in the morning,” Brian said as he quickly kissed Jenn’s cheek before they walked away.


“Nat, you are stunning. I had no idea you were that talented!” Em gushed as Nat relaxed between the first show and the next.  He knew all of his friends would be at the next one which made him more nervous.

“But I messed up the steps and I repeated the wrong line at the end of that last song.” Nat said as she touched up her makeup.

“Nat, everyone makes mistakes on stage. The difference between a good performer and bad performer is what you do with the mistakes.  You gracefully continued. You are so amazing.” Em hugged Nat who held onto him tightly for a minute.

“Emmett, have you talked to Tom lately?”

“We crossed paths a couple weeks ago.”

“You didn’t tell me.”

“I didn’t think you needed to be distracted. Have you told him how you feel?”

“Em, he knows.”

“Have you actually said the words?”

“He’s already married.  He was taken long before he met me.  I’m not sure I should talk to him. Who am I to take him away from God?”

“He doesn’t have to leave God.  He just needs to follow his heart and he can still serve God without doing it as a priest.”

“Uncle Emmy, I know the show starts in a couple minutes and you will go out to James but could you go grab me a soda and maybe a few pretzels or something I can munch on. I’m not on for a while.”

Em smiled and nodded at him, “I’ll be right back.”

Soon he returned with a ham sandwich and a diet cola. “I thought if you needed something to eat, it should be something worthwhile.”

“This is perfect.  Now, please, go find that stunning husband of yours. Your table is reserved and I expect you to cheer louder than any other table.”

“You got it sweety? You let me know if you want to take the car home with us.  We could always come back for your car tomorrow.” 

“I think I will need time to wind down but I will let you know if I change my mind.”


Justin and Brian sat at the table with Ronni, Dante, James and Em.  The show was wonderful.  They laughed so hard they cried at the comedians and although all of the performers were supposed to be new to drag, they all did a great job. Nat had done her first number before a short break. Brian ordered another round of drinks and appetizers.

“I am going to the little girls room before the show starts again,” Em said as he stood up and walked toward the hall.  

“Emmett?” 

Em stopped and turned around to find Tom standing there.  He had to look twice.  Tom obviously didn’t want to be recognized.  “Well Father Tom, what a surprise to see you here. It is obvious you don’t want many to know it is you.”

“Em, please, I just want to know how he, I mean she is. I dream about her every night.  I…”

“Don’t do it to her unless you are going to make the decision you know you need to make.  Now, I don’t want to miss any of the show.” Emmett walked away and into the bathroom.   Tom went back to his seat.  It was in the far back corner of the venue.  He was all in shadow so there was no way Nat could see him.  He didn’t want to distract her. 

For the last half of the show they changed up the order and Natalia closed the show.  This time she was flawless.  Even Brian and Dante ended up on their feet cheering for her.  There was a short meet and greet and all of them congratulated Nat on her performances before loading into the limo and going home.

Nat walked back to her dressing room and thought it was odd that the door was open a bit but she pushed it open the rest of the way and was surprised when she saw Tom standing there.  She moved in far enough to close the door behind her. She didn’t say anything but walked past him and dropped into her chair. She took the wig off and placed it on the head sitting on the counter.  She then reached out and covered her face with makeup remover.

“Nat, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have come in without your permission but I had to see you.  You were so amazing on stage tonight.  I had no idea you could sing like that. Everyone in the audience loved you.”

“It did go well,” she said as she started to wipe off her face. “I wanted everyone to get their money’s worth, especially since it all went to the Gay and Lesbian Center. Did you hear Father Kevin is probably going to come up here and open a shelter like he has in Atlanta?”

“I heard a little bit about it.  It sounds like a wonderful idea and I bet Kevin will be glad to spend some of his time up here to see the grandkids.”

“Yes, Kevin has it together. Since you are here, Tom, I’m moving to Atlanta.  I am not sure if it will be after Thanksgiving or if I will wait to the first of the year but I have a job offer and I hope to help Kevin if there are other trans that I could guide through it. Tom,” Nat moved toward him and Tom stepped forward to meet him. “I would love for you to join me but I can’t be your dirty little secret.  I want all of you or I can’t have any of you.” Nat moved her lips to his and he fed like a starving man.

When they separated sometime later Nat looked at Tom directly in the eyes, “Tom, you have a decision to make.  By Thanksgiving if I haven’t heard from you, don’t come looking for me later.  You know you can still work for God without the collar.”  Nat kissed him once more. “Now, please go so I can get out of this gown and go home.” Tom took a step toward the door. “Oh, can you do one more thing for me? Unzip my dress?”  

Nat turned her back to him and Tom slowly pulled the zipper down. He slid his hand over the bare flesh and softly said, “Good night, Natalia.”

Nat shivered at the sound of her name coming off his lips. She turned around to face him but he was gone. She collapsed on the floor and sobbed.


As the limo pulled up to the gate, it opened slowly.  The car pulled forward and stopped in front of the house.  James opened the door near him while the driver opened the door next to Brian.  James offered his hand to Em first, kissing him, and then reached in for his mother.  Brian stepped out and then he offered his hand to Justin who took it and fell into his arms. 

“Justin, I need to talk to you.”

Justin slowly turned to see his father standing in front of him. “It’s 3:00.  What the hell are you doing here!”

“I want to see my son.”

“Well, you’ve seen him.” By now James had come around the back of the limo and was standing behind Craig. “James will you make sure he…”

 

“Not you, I want to see Aaron! You can let me see him or I will find a way to see him myself!”  With that, James physically turned Craig around and pushed him toward the gate.