- Text Size +
Dark hair, blue eyes, tall and fucking hot. That's what I managed to gather in the first five seconds of staring at what's-his-name. It was naive of me to think that Justin would be behind that door. Because obviously I wasn't that lucky. I mean, I wasn't the least bit ready to face him, but seeing him would make me the absolute happiest. But this was what I got instead. The guy who stole the love of my life. Right in front of me. With a giant smile that I instantly hated.



He didn't even have to say a word, I just knew it was him. Scott Charles Barkley. As it said on the wedding announcement. Even his name sounded rich. Was he a fucking member of the royal family or what? Judging by the "mansion" he lived in, I wouldn't be even surprised. And I was so taken aback by it that instead of being disappointed that Justin didn't answer the door, I was more worried that he was probably marrying some duke.



I mean, how was I supposed to fight someone like that for Justin? If you ask me, that fight was already lost.



"Oh hi, you must be Justin's friends. It's so nice to finally meet you, my name is Scott," he smiled warmly.



But all I could focus on was his fucking British accent. This really couldn't get any worse.



"Please come in," he immediately made room for us to enter.


But of course I was first and I didn't feel like it. At least until Debbie pushed me from behind. So, having no other choice, I just walked in. And my eyes immediately looked around the room hoping to spot Justin, but that didn't happen.



But what my eyes definitely noticed were the expressions on the faces of my so-called friends. Emmett in particular had drool running down his chin. Ted looked like he was ready to jump his bones. Even Michael and Ben momentarily forgot they were married. Lindsay and Melanie probably wouldn't say no either, well, Lindsay definitely wouldn't, knowing the relationship she had with dicks. And Debbie... God, even Debbie.



"Where's Justin?" I blurted out without thinking. I just needed to get to the point.



"He's out shopping with his mother and sister and his friend Daphne because he's come to the conclusion that he desperately needs to buy some nice clothes for tomorrow's rehearsal dinner," he chuckled. "I told him he might as well be in sweatpants and I'd still marry him, but that obviously didn't work. But they should be back soon."



God, the guy made me wanna puke. But wait a second… what rehearsal dinner? No one told me about that shit! And of course Justin wasn't home. I wasn't even surprised. But what definitely made me happy was that Jennifer and Daphne were here. At least I hoped that was a good sign. I hadn't actually spoken to them in a while. Actually, none of us had. If we had, the wedding probably wouldn't have been such a surprise. But I was really hoping they weren't here because they agreed to the wedding, but to knock some sense into him.



"You can leave your things here, Dorothy will show you to your rooms in a moment. Then we'll have some dinner, where I hope you'll all tell me some interesting slash embarrassing things that Justin has successfully kept from me," Scott laughed, making me clench my jaw.



"Uh, Dorothy?" Emmett asked confused.



But before he could get an answer, a lady dressed as a maid appeared before us. We all just stared at her wide-eyed. How rich was this fucking guy? God, I was angry, so angry I turned red. And if he wanted to hear some interesting things about Justin, I was more than happy to tell him about the first time I gave him a rim job. And I definitely wouldn't stop there. There were many other similar stories that were etched in my memory. I was sure he would loved to hear them.



When Dorothy took me to my room, I stood in the doorway in amazement. The bed was twice the size of mine. And it looked so comfortable. I even had my own bathroom. Not to mention the amazing view. But as impressed as I was, I suddenly had more doubts than ever. Why would Justin give this up for me? I mean, I had money, but not that much money. Not that I ever felt like Justin was with me because I was kind of rich, but... why would he leave this? He'd be nuts.



"Is there anything else you need, sir?" Dorothy asked.



"Yeah, actually there is, stop calling me sir, my name is Brian," I smiled at her.



She smiled back, probably grateful for my kindness. But I was just trying to let her know she didn't have to serve me. I could take care of myself, not like someone else.



I mean, who the hell was Justin marrying?



And what if the Justin I knew was long gone? What if there was no one left to fight for? What if...



"Christ, there you are," Michael appeared in the doorway. "I thought I wouldn't find you, it's like a maze in here. Emmett's already thinking about how much rent he'd have to pay just to stay."



I was beginning to get the impression that all the people I came here with who were supposed to stand by me no matter what changed sides as soon as they saw Mr. Perfect, who could probably just snap his fingers and get what he wanted.



"I don't think I can do this, Mikey," I admitted in frustration.



"What do you mean?"



"Look around you! I mean, who the fuck is Justin marrying? There's just no way in hell he's going to choose me over this life and someone who can obviously give him so much more than I can."



"Oh, stop that shit. You're Brian Kinney, for fuck's sake. You're young, beautiful, successful and you have a big heart. And Justin loved you just the way you are."



"Well, I'd start blushing," I smirked. "But loved is the key word."



"You know damn well that's not what I meant."



"Yeah, whatever," I shrugged.



"Brian-"



Not interested in talking about it anymore, I left the room and, frankly, even considered leaving the house... actually leaving the city. Because no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't think of any way this could turn out well.



Michael was right, it was like a fucking maze in here. It took me forever to find the others and the only reason I succeeded was because I could hear loud laughter coming from the room. And what I saw next made me furious. Mr. Perfect was obviously telling them something very interesting, because they were all hanging on every word he said. Emmett actually looked like he was ready to become his bride. Fucking traitors.



"Brian, there you are!" Debbie exclaimed excitedly. "We were getting worried about you."



"Yeah, I can imagine," I muttered under my breath. I really had trouble believing her considering they were all busy drooling over Mr. Perfect.



"You're Brian?" Scott asked.



"Um, yeah," I nodded.



"Oh," he replied, looking slightly taken aback. "Well, it's really good to meet you," he said, turning his attention elsewhere.



And suddenly I understood what had just happened - he realized who I was. I honestly assumed he knew from the moment he saw me, but no, he only realized it now. And yes, it made me smile, because now he knew he had competition. And not a small one.



"Dinner is ready, sir." Dorothy announced.



"Oh, great." Scott smiled. "Let's move to the dining room then, I hope you're all hungry."



"You bet," Emmett licked his lips dreamily.



And I was ready to murder him.



They all started to move quickly into the dining room as if they hadn't eaten in two days, only Linds didn't seem to be in a hurry, and I knew right away it had something to do with me.



"Are you okay, Brian?" She asked when everyone had left.



"Yes, I'm just peachy!" I smiled widely. "Oh, don't look at me like that."



"Well, you look like you're ready to go to jail for attempted murder, so forgive me for being a little worried."



"How can you be so sure it would only be an attempt?" I smirked.



"Because you're not such a drama queen," she nudged my shoulder, making me laugh. "But did you see the look on his face when he realized who you were?"



"It's burned into my memory," I smiled, very satisfied.



"I guess he understood why Justin is so good in bed... which is an image I definitely didn't want to put in your head," she made a guilty face.



"Yeah, now it's burned into my memory too."



"Sorry," she mouthed.



And I immediately shook my head trying to get the image out of my head. Not that I was naive enough to think they weren't sleeping together, but I certainly didn't want to think about it. I mean, more than I already did. Then we decided it was time to join the others in the dining room before they sent a search party after us. And I was actually getting pretty hungry.



But the moment I walked into that room, my heart immediately stopped. He was right in front of me. My Sunshine. The president of my fan club. My little genius. My Justin. With that damn smile of his that I loved so much. He was hugging Debbie, unaware that I was standing right behind him. And all I could do was stare at how beautiful he was. God, I certainly wasn't going to give up without a fight.