- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 


 


Brian's thoughts after his confrontation with Ethan...



 

Chapter 14- Dark Horse

 

Dark Horse by Katy Perry

 

Lyrics

 

I knew you were/ You were gonna come to me/ And here you are/ But you

better choose carefully/ 'Cause I'm capable of anything/ Of anything and

everything/ Make me your Aphrodite/ Make me your one and only/ But don't

make me your enemy, your enemy, your enemy/ So you wanna play with

magic/ Boy, you should know whatcha falling for/ Baby do you dare to do

this/ 'Cause I'm coming atcha like a dark horse/ Are you ready for, ready for

 

A perfect storm, a perfect storm/ 'Cause once you're mine, once you're mine/

There's no going back/ Mark my words/ This love will make you levitate/ Like

a bird/ Like a bird without a cage/ But down to earth/ If you choose to walk

away, don't walk away/ It's in the palm of your hand now baby/ It's a yes or

no, no maybe/ So just be sure before you give it up to me

 

Up to me, give it up to me/ So you wanna play with magic/ Boy, you should

know whatcha falling for/ Baby do you dare to do this/ 'Cause I'm coming

atcha like a dark horse/ Are you ready for, ready for/ A perfect storm, a

perfect storm/ 'Cause once you're mine, once you're mine/ There's no going

back

 

Written by Kyle Kennedy, Max Martin, Lukasz Gottwald, Sarah Hudson, Jordan Houston, Katy Perry, Henry Walter

  •  Copyright © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc

 

 

Brian

 

Okay so here's the thing that Ethan never got: I gave Justin up. He didn't leave me willingly; I just made it impossible for him to stay just then. Instead of being grateful that I chose not to fight for Justin, the little shit tries to out-arrogant me, and publicly no less. The obvious difference between Ian and me is that I am a King in a world full of Queens. Ian is but a peasant chasing after the Golden Prince of our world... well such as it is in the Pitts.

 

And he will always fall short of his goal to claim ownership of Justin, simply because Justin Taylor cannot be controlled or contained.

 

Could I turn this into a competition? Absolutely. But will I? No, because I don't have a need to. All I have to do is present Justin with the facts of what he and I are- with or without sex- and he'll come back to me.

 

That's the lesson, which took me awhile to understand and embrace; a lesson that Paganini Junior has yet to know, or realize. Justin is a man- an intelligent, passionate and giving man, but he is also selfish when he has to be. He left me because he wasn't getting his needs met and I let him leave me so that he could. Don't get me wrong, I knew that Ethan Gold was a diversion that Justin needed to have in order to restore his self-esteem and manhood, in his own eyes, not mine. To me, Justin has and always will be strong and beautiful beyond measure.

 

And even though everyone sees him as a twink, they also understand that Justin has substance. They know that he would have to have hidden depths in order to keep me interested; for me to make it known that he was more, even without me saying the words aloud. But to me, their regard of him doesn't matter as much HIM knowing that he's MY twink. He always has been and always will be, no matter where he goes, or how old he gets, Sunshine is eternally desirable to me. But I could only tell new Justin that with so many words and actions.

 

The trouble really was that I remembered pre-bashing Justin, while Justin no longer knew himself at all. He often referred to himself as a stranger within his mind. And yeah, I suppose I could understand why he felt that way. Instead of knowing he was capable, he was wary of everything, including his own shadow. And yet while he was overly cautious in some things, he had no defenses left against people.

 

I would imagine that Justin was so desperate to make connections, because he stopped feeling connected to himself in any way. Of course, I didn't help matters by remaining aloof, and apparently at the wrong times since it allowed for Ethan to slither his rank ass between us. Anyway, Justin had to rediscover himself, had to make some hard decisions without guidance, and had to remember that he actually can bear the weight and consequences of his actions. The funny thing about Justin is that prior to the bashing, he had always done that, even if his initial motives were displaced to some degree, like with his parents. Justin was prepared to be miserable, thinking that their divorce was his fault because he couldn't and wouldn't change who he was to suit Craig Taylor's ideals for any reason.

 

But he would have sacrificed his own happiness if he could have both stopped the divorce, and still attended college.

 

Now on the surface, this may have seemed like a selfless act on Justin's part. And I will admit that his motives were somewhat pure for his mother's sake. But Justin still wouldn't have done what Craig wanted him to do. He would not have renounced his homosexuality; only would have changed the venue in which he displayed his love for cock openly and proudly, while getting his free education on his father's dime. Justin loves to fuck, and pussy just doesn't interest him.

 

There was no way he was going to practice celibacy for his tight-assed father's sake, especially since Justin loves nothing more than either fucking an ass, or having his ass fucked. The irony of that episode in our lives is that Justin turned into one hell of a businessman, without having to live out Craig's dream for him. Instead, by simply following his own aspirations and ambitions, Justin is already more successful than Craig Taylor will ever be. He'll get to shape his career into exactly what he wants, without anyone holding his sexuality over his head like an anvil, or dangling their approval in his face like a carrot. Justin is finally becoming his own man, and might I add that as sexy as I've always found him before, his newfound confidence is making him even more fucking irresistible.

 

As for my so-called ‘best friends', I can't help but notice their differences from Justin. He's never deflected blame the way Michael does, or shifted the focus away from his mistakes while expecting them to either magically disappear, or to be fixed; Lindsay does that. Justin owns his shit, lock, stock, and headache. It may take a while, but he does. I don't think Mr. Romance has figured out that Justin will always crave and need a man equal to him in every aspect of his life, finances notwithstanding. Justin and I don't allow each other to become complacent in our ambition, be it in business or in our pleasures.

 

It's what makes us great together, able to move and function as a team. But when Justin feels like it's more work to watch you destroy yourself than to help his lover out, Justin will leave. So no, I don't have to fight for Justin's affections in the traditional sense. I already have everything Justin wants and needs; he just has to be reminded of it. And who better to do that than the up-and-coming King in the world of Advertising?

 

The best thing is that Ethan Gold will never see me coming, but Justin will keep cumming, over and over again, and in every position imaginable.

 

I walk back into the room to see that Justin is awake. Taking my time to look at him, I wonder what he's thinking. "Did you want to see him?"

 

"Not now." he answers, as he toys with the blanket covering him.

 

The silence closes in around us, except for that of the machine beeping to monitor his heart rate. I look at it to make sure that he is still calm. It's been holding steady for the last few hours, so I know that my worst fears are over. When I see him staring off into nothingness, I can't help as the question escapes my lips. "What's on your mind, Sunshine?"

 

"You. What happened at the restaurant. If I still have a job. Can I even work there anymore, if I do? Take your pick; it's all there."

 

I cross the room over to him. Debating with myself for a few moments, I go to the other side of the bed and climb in. He doesn't stop me, and I'm gratified that he still feels safe enough physically with me to let me gather him into my arms to hold him. "I don't want you to worry about any of that right now, Justin. Even though we're... not together, you have to know that you don't need to worry about any of it."

 

"I know. But Brian, someone tried to scare the hell out of me last night." He begins to caress my arm, which makes me tighten my grip on his hip a bit more.

 

He's right. Someone did try to send him a message, but I don't want to add to his panic by agreeing with him outright. "Oh? What makes you think this wasn't a case of mistaken identity?"

 

He's silent for a few moments, as if trying to put the pieces altogether. "First, I'm the only one at work who drives a jeep."

 

"So? There are millions of people who drive the same make and model of your car. It doesn't mean anything."

 

"Yes it does, Brian, when the person who did this came directly to my job and ruined MY car, which was parked in the employee parking lot."

 

Okay, I have to give him that. It was my original thought, too. "So let's say that you are right. Who do you think it would be?"

 

"Honestly?" I nod, and strangely, I'm unsurprised by his answer. "Ethan, but he would never do something like that. It would be too much risk to his hands and arms. He's got passion, I'll give him that, but it's reserved for Mischa."

 

"Mischa?" What the fuck is he talking about, and who the fuck is Mischa?

 

"His violin."

 

I laugh and roll my eyes. "Figures the pretentious asshole would name his fucking violin. So you don't think Ethan would do it?"

 

"No. This was done with aggression and rage, Brian. Ethan isn't like that."

 

"You never know, Justin. People never know what they're capable of, until pushed. But there is more to your thoughts, I know."

 

"Yeah, there is."

 

"Okay. Care to share?" I ask, when he falls silent again.

 

His deep contemplations have always worried me the most. It's not that I like Justin mindless. It's just that I know as the gerbil runs amuck in his head, there are decisions he's making. And he's weighing out the pros and cons of each one. I learned that the night we were in the Loft, and he asked me if I would care if he wasn't there anymore.

 

'It's your choice on where you want to be.' I could kick my own as for saying that to him, even if it's what I believed at the time.

 

"I need you to have Emmett and Ted go to Ethan's apartment, while he's in class."

 

"Why?"

 

"I need them to pack my stuff and take it to my new place. Emmett knows where it is."

 

That surprised me. I didn't know he had a new apartment, or even that he was looking for one. "I thought you were happy at the hovel with your new love."

 

"Ethan and I aren't broken up, if that's what you are thinking."

 

Okay, yeah that's what I was thinking, or at the most, hoping. "So what is it then, if not that?"

 

"I just decided that I needed to have my own place. Since I was seventeen- even before that really- I've lived with you, Deb, my parents and now Ethan. I need someplace to call my own, even if I never stay there."

 

It was my turn to fall silent, even as I thought of what he just said. I realize that I can understand what he means, and how he feels. Throughout high school and college, I stayed in the house of horrors known as Jack and Joan Kinney's house, or on Deb's couch or Michael's room, or even the dorms at school. It wasn't until I bought the loft, that I felt I had found where I belonged. Not having to live by someone else's rules, or provide an answer to anyone I felt wasn't owed one, was a wholly freeing experience.

 

So I think I understand where Justin is coming from on that score. "So just where is this marvelous place you've found? Some dump on Liberty Avenue?"

 

I feel his smile curve up on my chest, just before he answers. "No. I'll be living in Sewickley on the Schickle Estate. My house, so to speak, is at the back of the property. In exchange for payment, I'll be painting three murals, one of which will be done in California. I leave next weekend."

 

I couldn't believe what he was telling me. He's leaving? What about our agreement? "When were you going to tell me?"

 

"Since it's all fairly new, I hadn't decided when or if I was going to tell you. I've only known about it for a week or so."

 

"What about school?"

 

"All taken care of. Mr. Schickle is on the Board of Directors at PIFA, and arranged for me to consider the work I'm doing at his LA mansion as four classes. The other two classes I was taking were to be done online anyway, so I can work on them from anywhere."

 

I swallow hard. Pittsburgh without Justin in it, just wouldn't be the same. "You've thought of everything, I see."

 

"I have. Besides the time away will do me some good, with everything going on."

 

"And what about us, Justin? We have a deal." I shift my body to look him directly in his eyes. Justin could hide a lot from a whole heap of people, but his eyes give him away to me, every single time.

 

"We still do, but it's up to you how you want this to go."

 

"This was your idea, so shouldn't that be the other way around?"

 

"Not really, since I have to be in LA for the next four months. That's about how long it will take me to complete the mural."

 

"So what are you suggesting? I have to be here. I told you that I would be striking out on my own soon, remember?"

 

He nodded, his hair caressing my arm which was wrapped around him and held him close to me. "I haven't forgotten. I think you starting your own company is a brilliant idea and long overdo, you know that."

 

"You've always supported that."

 

"Yeah I have, but I thought you were going to wait a bit longer. What's happened?"

 

This was a part of a conversation I was planning to have with him, much later. It wasn't something that I wanted to discuss with him, while he was having yet another crisis involving a hospital bed. But I could see that my answer was of the utmost importance to him, and stalling wasn't even going to be an option here. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by that. But in lieu of what he and I have been through in the last six months, I didn't believe that I had counted with him as I once did.

 

I should have remembered that Justin always makes friends, as if they are always going to be there for a lifetime.

 

The fact that Ethan became more than a friend to him, still rankles. But when I think about it, it kind of makes sense. Whether I admit it to anyone but Justin or not, even while we were lovers, we were always friends. As reluctant as I was to the idea at first, I'm glad of it now. I still have his trust, and the feeling is mutual.

 

"Gardner has taken on Jim Stockwell as a client, and I refused to work on the campaign. So as punishment for my insubordinance as he calls it, he'd been giving me his shit accounts to deal with, while he devoted his time to Stockwell, and the other big name accounts. The funny thing is that when I won Brown Athletics and wrestled the partnership from him, I had Mel look over the contract. If Gardner didn't agree to my terms, I would have walked away right then and started my own company. Part of the agreement was that I could have the freedom to not work with a client who went against my own beliefs, which clearly Stockwell does. In addition to that, if I walked, all of the accounts that I brought in walked with me if they chose to, and without legal recourse on Vanguard's part. There wasn't a non-competition clause anywhere in my contract."

 

"Wait! So that means that Brown, and any other company that you've brought in over the last eight months, goes with you?"

 

"Yeah, but they also have the freedom to choose which company they want to be with- Vanguard or Kinnetik."

 

"Kinnetik?"

 

"Yes," I tell him. "And I have you to thank for that brilliant name."

 

"You do? How?"

 

I smile at him in remembrance. "Remember the last time we played Scrabble and you beat me?"

 

"Yeah, I do. You were trying to cheat me out of points. It was one of the last good times we had before..."

 

"Yeah well. You played ‘kinetic' and so I just added the ‘n' and a ‘k' to replace the ‘c' at the end of it and voila ‘Kinnetik' is born. I've had Ted working on it ever since we caught wind that Stockwell was trying to nail him to the wall, and put Jerk-at-Work out of business. I advised Ted to sell the dotcom company fast, which he did to Garth Racine and got Emmett out of there as well. Stockwell came down on Racine a week later, while Ted and I were already up to our elbows in paperwork to form a new company. Now that all the paperwork has gone through, I have already had Mel contact Vance about dissolving the partnership with my share of the profits for over 80% of the clients. He had to pay me full value of their contracts, which left me a sizeable cushion. 70% of them decided to take a chance on me, which means Kinnetik already has a substantial client base, and has let me pay off the business loan already. We also have a new client, courtesy of Mel."

 

"Really? Who is it?" he asks as he looks at me in amazement. Wait until the little boy hears who the client actually is.

 

I chuckle. "The GLC is holding their yearly Carnivale, and wants me to do the advertising for it."

 

"But you hate the center, and especially the people who run it. Why would you agree to do this?"

 

"It's for a good cause, and I don't necessarily hate the center; just the people who run it."

 

"Same thing in my book. So again I ask, why are you doing it?"

 

I should have known that I couldn't fool him. "Okay, so the first reason is because they are paying me eighty-thousand to do it."

 

"Brian, they are a not-for-profit. How are they affording to pay you that much?"

 

"Their main benefactors just happens to be Garth Racine, and a few more of the A-gays. This is Garth's way of paying back the center for helping him out, when they chose to raise some important questions for the community to the mayor-to-be. You were mentioned, by the way."

 

"What the fuck? What do you mean I was mentioned?"

 

"They wanted to know why Hobbs was only given the slap on the wrist when it came to you. What he did amounted to attempted murder, and had any hetero citizen done what Hobbs did, they would have been charged according to the law. It came out that there was a cover-up that Gardner was not expecting. Four of the LGBT officers on the force, provided the information to the GLC. Neither Vance, nor any of Stockwell's staffers had knowledge of the questions beforehand. Vance thought to use me as his guiding light when it came to how to deal with the LGBT community for Stockwell, since I'm gay and make no excuses or apologies for being so. That said, I advised the GLC to call his police record within the LGBT community into question. It worked like a charm. Thanks to that, Garth's case was dropped, and considered a ploy to target the Homosexual community as a whole. Federal agents are also looking into Stockwell's service record thanks to Senator Baxter, remember her?"

 

"Yes, I do. Let me guess. Deb called her."

 

"Yeah, she did, right after the fall of Stockwell was broadcast on the 11 o'clock news. Who knew that Michael's stint as a Doctor's ‘wife' would pay off this way? So anyway, as Vance and the Stockwell campaign works to cover up his misdeeds, Kinnetik is moving forward."

 

"Wow! Congratulations, Brian. That's quite a coup for you."

 

"It is." My chest puffed out with pride, hearing the smile in Justin's voice as he cuddled me close. Okay so I don't mind it as long as he's the one doing it, and no one knows about it. "So do you think amid your busy schedule, you will have time to come up with a poster for the Carnivale?"

 

"Ah... I knew there was a catch," he says, laughing.

 

"Of course. It wouldn't be me, if there wasn't. So in exchange for let's say ten grand, do you think you can get the posters ready by next Friday? I would use my art department, but we're already overrun since everyone who came with us wants new campaigns. If Kinnetik is going to be set apart from Vanguard, it makes the most sense."

 

I could see him weighing his options. With his upcoming temporary relocation to LA, he can see the wisdom of having the extra cash. Mel is still working his case against Michael, but that may not be done for a couple of months. Actually maybe not until he returns to the Burgh. Plus with this new place he's got, I'm sure that he will want to pay for it in advance.

 

"Yes. I'll do it, Brian, but you'll have to tell me exactly what you want. I've never been to Carnivale before, although I've heard of them in Aruba and Brazil. We were supposed to go to the one in the Bahamas when..."

 

"Yeah," I say, knowing exactly when we were supposed to go. He had won the King of Babylon contest a week before his prom, and had he not been almost killed and endured countless hours of physical therapy, we would have gone to the Bahamas as we originally planned. Maybe someday we'll finally get there, but I can't afford to hope right now since Justin's life is taking yet another turn that we didn't expect. This time it's a good one though. "So how about it? You want to work with me for old times sake? One for the road, such as it is?"

 

His smile is everything to me as he answers, "Sure, Brian. If you have my messenger bag, I can get started on it now since the doctor wants to keep me for another day to make sure there aren't any lasting affects from the meds they gave me, or another panic attack."

 

"I think Ted still has it in his car."

 

"Then I guess you'd better call him and have him bring it when he comes to collect the key to get my stuff out. Ethan will be in class until 6:30, so there is plenty of time to get my things out of the apartment."

 

I wanted to ask him ‘why the rush?' but then I remembered that although Justin is a person who thinks things to death, he is also one who acts quickly once the decision is made. I've always hated and admired that about him, but since I do the same exact thing, I can't fault him for it. I'm just glad that he agreed to work with me on this campaign. We were always magic when we worked together on things for Ryder. Fuck, that seems a lifetime ago.

 

Justin just gets me; I can admit that to myself now. As long as he doesn't know, I can live with that.

 

I call Ted, who in turn will call Emmett and Justin's mom to let them know that the slacker has finally woken up. Justin clamped the IV and allowed the remaining fluid to enter his body before unhooking the mechanism. He then removed the clamp from his finger, which was monitoring his vitals. I watched him in amazement at how deftly he prepared himself to leave the bed, curbing the urge to tell him to be careful not to pull anything out. It panicked me to think of how many times he may have had to do these things during his last stay at Chez Allegheny.

 

I stop him just as he puts his legs over the side of the bed to put Ted on hold, and briefly reassure the nurse on duty that Justin is okay and about to take a shower. She asks me if he needs assistance and I respond with a quick shake of my head then lock the door. I usher him to the bathroom, for my own peace of mind, as I'm contemplating my final demands of Ted. I tell him that I don't want Deb here yet, because that means she will bring Michael with her. I heard about the ass whipping he received last night courtesy of Daphne.

 

Emmett also told me all about them figuring out what Michael said at the party, and I was actually relieved. I know that when it first happened, I let everyone assume the worst, let them all think that I had finally gone over the edge of sanity, instead of just dangling at its brink for the last five years or so. It was easier to let them blame me, and and point their fingers rather than to explain to them that little Mikey was not so innocent; easier to let them believe that I was the actual devil than to have to face the reality that their little angel had fallen long ago. So now that they all know, it shouldn't be any wonder why I want Mikey to stay away. Justin and I just don't need the negativity today.

 

I retrieved the extra washcloth and towel Ted was thoughtful enough to go back to my place for last night. He not only grabbed me a change of clothes, but grabbed a pair of sweats and some toiletries for Justin, too. I walk into the bathroom where Justin is setting up the water for his shower. Seeing him in that hospital gown, I can't help but feel happy that he's alive and still intent on kicking life in the ass once again. As I disconnected the call with Ted, I reached out, pulling Justin back into the shelter of my body.

 

"I'm okay, Brian." He looks back at me and smiles.

 

"I know," I respond, pulling him even tighter against me and burying my face into the crook of his neck.

 

"I'm..."

 

"Stop, Justin." I knew he was about to apologize for having to call me, let alone scaring me. "Don't you know by now that I wouldn't have it any other way?"

 

He turns to look at me, and at this moment, whatever vulnerability I feel, I'm not willing to hide from him. Not this time; not in this moment, within in this place that I have visited countless times without his knowledge. Regardless of how much I loathe the messenger, Ian was right about one thing. If I had taken care of Justin, he wouldn't have had a chance to slip his slimy ass in between us. I know that I have to work at it, but I'm finally willing to...

 

"Don't, Brian. Whatever it is we're doing right now, is enough. Whether it is wrong to some or right to others, it no longer matters. It's what we both need for as long as we need it. Whatever comes after is just between us, and it's not going to be decided today. So don't, okay?"

 

Sometimes I forget how well he can read me... When I allow it, that is. It's always been there and he may have forgotten for awhile, but I can see that uncanny ability to read the things that I would rather keep hidden, coming back to him every time we're together. I want it back now; I wish it had never left! But he's still looking at me with those crystal blue eyes, waiting for my answer to just go along with his desires for now.

 

After all we've been through, I guess I can give him this. I change the subject, and I can tell from the faint huff of laughter, that he's letting me. "So you're leaving in a week, huh?"

 

"Yeah, I am."

 

"So how do you want to do this? It's your show."

 

"You're asking me if I'm willing to give you up for the months that I'm away?"

 

"I guess I am."

 

"Let me think on it awhile. I'm sure I'll come up with something. But for right now..." He reached behind him and untied the strings that hid the front of his body from my view. Justin loosened his hand from behind my neck, long enough to let the unattractive garment fall to the floor, before bringing his arms around me again. "When was the last time you played ‘Doctor?'"

 

I chuckled. Justin had the most adventurous and wild ideas sometimes. "Well, I don't know. Would you like me to check your tonsils, little boy?"

 

That sly, sexy grin parted his luscious lips as his hands caressed the front of my shirt, stopping to pinch my nipples before travelling further down. Loosening my belt and unsnapping my jeans, Justin had my cock out before I even have time to put my head back and close my eyes. The first tentative touch of his tongue on my tip has me taking a quick inhale, to control myself. Justin's mouth- be it kissing, licking or sucking- has always been my addiction. I can already feel myself leaking, in anticipation, of what he has in store for me.

 

He licks every inch, using his tongue to bathe it and provide enough lubrication for the easy slide he craves. Once he's satisfied that I'm coated in his saliva enough, he takes me into his mouth, guiding me all the way back, before coming back to the top. He releases the head with a ‘pop' before letting his eyes travel to mine.

 

"I'm ready for my examination, Dr. Kinney," he says in that sultry, slutty tone I love.

 

I reach down to caress his cheek, holding his eyes with mine. "You want me to fuck your mouth, little Taylor?"

 

"Yes," he hisses, just before taking me back into his mouth.

 

I grip the back of his hair, and slowly pump into his waiting mouth. His lips are like the fluffiest pillows, as I glide back and forth. He moans against the crown on each descent into the hot cavern. One of his hands creeps up to up between my legs to play with my balls, as the other continues its ascension, scratching lightly along the way. His eyes never leave mine as I bend my head to wet the fingers of his hand before the lower to my nipples.

 

All of the sensations alone can drive me to distraction, but altogether they drive me near the brink of insanity. Justin knows this, and kicks his ministrations up a notch. Before long, both of my hands are locked behind his head, and I'm fucking his mouth furiously. The fact that Justin doesn't have a gag reflex is both my joy and my curse as I drive into his waiting mouth. I feel the tremble in my thighs as I try to slow down my pistoning hips to stay my impending orgasm, but Justin is having none of that.

 

He begins a low hum in his throat, which vibrates my balls and inspires them to give up their contents. I can't stop and as I look into Justin's eyes, I can see that stopping is the last thing he wants me to do. I squeeze my eyes shut for a moment, thinking that would help the situation, but it only made it worse. Justin hollows his jaws around my dick, adding suction to my already frenzied movements. I can feel my thrusts become disjointed as the essence pours out of me, and into him. 

 

Hellfire and damnation, Justin has to be the most talented cocksucker in all fifty states! Or at least our corner of it! Even as a novice, he was always able to unman me almost as quick as we started, controlling me carefully up passion's peak, then making me fall over the edge against my will. And it seems that he has only gotten better with time. I feel him release my spent dick, placing one last single kiss on the tip before rising to his feet.

 

Without a word, he brings our mouths together. His tongue plunges deep into mine, sharing my taste with me in one of the most carnal kisses we've ever shared. I can already feel my cock refilling as he moves his hands along my body. He breaks the kiss and stares into my eyes. "I think my tonsils checked out okay, Dr. Kinney," he says, cheeky smile firmly in place.

 

"No doubt about, Mr Taylor. But I think it's time to take your temperature."

 

I strip off the rest of my clothes and lead him into the shower, making sure that he's steady on his feet. It's been awhile since he and I have had shower sex. I miss it. I miss every single part of our morning routine from the mutual blowjobs to waking him up by rimming him; from the fast, frenzied fucks to the slow, sensual ones we've always had in the shower. I know he's anxious to rekindle them as he steps underneath the water.

 

While I retrieve the lube and condoms from the toiletries bag Ted brought, I remember the first time I ever watched the water sluice down his lithe form. I had never been so envious as I was of the little droplets which clung to his soft skin. As I soaped him up that first time, I had a pang of regret that we wouldn't get to shower together again at a later time. My no repeats rule was firmly intact then, but little did I realize that Justin was my own personal Get Out of Jail Free card. He broke every single rule I had, and a few more I probably should have had to begin with.

 

Feeling his hands on me now, I can't even remember why I had any of those uneducated 'failsafes' in place.

 

After Justin rinsed me off with the detachable shower head, I turned him around. Applying the shampoo in my hand, I work up a good lather before running my fingers through his hair. To hear him moan under my fingers was an instant aphrodisiac. Justin was always my slut when I would wash his hair. As I bend him over to grab the showerhead, I take the opportunity to slip a slick finger inside of him.

 

The slight hitch of his breath as I continue to push my finger inside of him, before adding the second finger, is music to my ears. Once I finish rinsing his hair, I drop the showerhead and grip his longish locks from behind, while he begins to ride my marauding fingers. "Brian dammit, quit playing around and fuck me," he shouts out as hit his sweet spot.

 

"But I thought you liked playing ‘Doctor.' Shouldn't you let the doctor decide when it's time to stick the thermometer in?" I ask him, as my hand leaves his head and I open the condom with my teeth. He's becoming more out-of-control by the second. I can't deny that I love when he does.

 

"Fuck you, Brian. If you don't.....oh my God." His words are cut short, as I replace my fingers with what he was near begging for.

 

I waste no time with building up as Justin is already riding my cock for all he is worth. It is all I can do to hold on right now. Although we were together only three nights prior to his hospital stay, Justin's body craves cock constantly. I can't help but be gratified by that since it's been that way since I first broke him. He's still the tightest ass I've ever fucked and the hottest man I've ever been with.

 

Insatiable doesn't even begin to describe Justin Taylor. But I have to wrest control back from him, before I spill much too soon for him to be satisfied. Tightening my fingers on his hips- which I'm sure is bound to leave bruises- I fuck into him hard, attacking the bundle of nerves that will bring him to the brink fast. Just as I know he is about to shoot, I slow down. I can't help but laugh at his curses as his orgasm recedes.

 

Taking it from the top, I set the rhythm and pace I know he'll feel long after I'm gone. I move us back to the shower wall and settle him on my thighs as I continue to pump into him. Changing rhythm and direction mid-stroke, Justin finally gives himself over to me fully. Easing back, I stir into him as his moans and sighs reach my ears. I continue the easy pace knowing that doing so will heighten his arousal even further.

 

Gripping his wet hair again, I bring his head back to bite the nape of his neck where I know his hair will cover it. He hisses out his pleasure as I do it again, and gradually increase my rhythm. By the time we reach that steady pace, Justin is chanting, "Fuck me, Brian. Please...please fuck me," in such away where I know that he's mentally entered that place where only he and I exist. I can't help but respond to his entreaty in kind, as Justin's ass clenches and releases my sheathed cock within him.

 

Using his arms as leverage, I piston him harder, going deeper, and tapping against his prostate with every pass. He's pushing back into me again, eager and begging for more, saying those fucking nasty and dirty things that always make my blood run hot. Justin Taylor has a filthy mouth, and I make sure to reward him for it with a firm smack to his wet rear. The sound of that slap, and the squeal of delight that left him reverberated around the enclosed shower stall, making me want to do it again and again until he spilled his seed into the puddle of water pooling at our feet. So I did, and his release triggered my own as I came in the condom encased within the tight channel of his ass.

 

I feel him trembling with satisfaction, his near insensate body pressing into me, holding me up against the wall. My own legs feel like jelly as I try to keep us both upright. Justin recovers first and reaches out exhausted hands to shut off the water. We come out of the shower both a little light-headed and definitely giddy as we dry each other off. Then I take care of his five o'clock shadow, which has grown in while he was sleeping.

 

"That was nice," he says as I dry his face to remove any remnants of the shaving cream.

 

"Nice? I don't do nice. I do hot. I do indescribable."

 

"You do me." His smile is almost blinding in the room, and I am once again reminded of why he is Sunshine.

 

I've missed that smile more than I ever thought I would. But rather than express the lesbianic sentiment, I lean in and kiss him. I've always believed that actions spoke louder than words and although Justin needs words sometimes, I know he understands me right now. So Ethan Gold can believe that he has the upperhand with Justin all he would like to, or that I don't know the man he thinks he's stolen from me. There are many facets to the enigma that is Justin Taylor, and I doubt that his self-absorbed little ass has begun to scratch the surface of even one.

 

I pull back and smile at him- a real smile, not the one I project to the world- but the one only Justin and Gus get to see. And I know now by the look in his eyes at seeing it, he's definitely heard me. We came out of the bathroom, none too soon as Ted and Emmett began knocking on the door. Although Justin's hair was still wet, mine was reasonably dry. Granted if they sniff a little too closely, they might actually notice that Justin and I smell the same, but Rosencrantz and Guildenstern won't be able to pinpoint that as evidence of Justin and I fucking.

 

Ted only brought one type of soap back from the loft. But if he had looked in the drawers beneath the towels and other linens, he might have found Justin's soap and other personal effects that I hadn't thrown away when he left. But I'm not about to tell him that.

 

"I was about to call the nurse for the custodian. Why was the door locked?" Emmett asks.

 

"I know that you wouldn't have cared if anyone burst in on you while you were showering, but Justin is modest that way," I say back. Justin- the twat- just snickered before climbing back into bed and rehooking everything.

 

"After the backroom exploits of the two of you, I didn't think there would be any modesty left," Ted joined in. "Anyway though...how are you feeling, Justin?"

 

"Much better, Ted; thanks for asking. And thank you for everything yesterday."

 

I rolled my eyes, but I know that Ted knows what Justin is speaking of. Prior to all the drama that landed Justin in the hospital, Ted discovered that Michael had been spending Justin's money paying some hospital bills that were clearly not his own. Ted talked to an accountant friend at his former job Wertschafter's Associates, who handled the hospital accounts, and was told that Michael had paid cash for some lady. Because of the sum, it had thrown up some red flags.

 

"It was no problem, Justin. I promise to do everything I can to make this right for you. Had I been looking at the books more frequently, I would have seen all this mess with Michael, and stopped it before it got out of control."

 

"Ted, you can't blame yourself. Michael had everyone in this room fooled. The important thing now is to hold him responsible for it."

 

"Well, be that as it may, I still apologize for it." 

 

I interrupt, before I begin to need a bed next to Justin. "Self-pity makes my dick soft, so can we please get to the reason I asked you two here in the first place?" 

 

"Brian...cool it, will you?"

 

"Justin seriously, get on with it already."

 

"Fine. Emmett, I need you and Ted to go to Ethan's apartment to get my things out of there."

 

"Are you and Ethan finally over?" he asks Justin. I can't help the relief I feel in knowing I'm not the only one who wants that violin-playing scuzzbucket to hit the bricks. 

 

"No, we aren't. But I do want to go home to my new place, when I'm released from here. I have to figure out how I'm going to get a new car to get back and forth into the city, but I want to go home."

 

"Don't you think Ethan will have something to say about that?"

 

"Of course he will, but it's my decision. Ted, did you bring my messenger bag up with you?" Justin asks him, and I'm once again amazed at how he's growing within himself. 

 

I'm not happy that he won't be living with me again, but I understand his reasons for wanting to live alone for awhile. He digs into the bag Ted hands him, and fished around for the key. I notice that although there are several others on his keyring, the key to Ethan's place is on a lone chain with a violin hanging from it. Again, I feel the urge to roll my eyes. But I can't help to think of what that means, in terms of Ethan and Justin's entanglement.

 

"Everything you need to gather up is in one corner of the apartment. The lockers detach from each other, and shouldn't be that heavy or difficult to move. The other set of keys has the one to the Schickle tiny house. It should be outlined in green. Do you think you guys can move it all by six today? Ethan has class until 6:30, but I don't want you in the apartment when he gets there. He should come to me if he has questions, not corner the two of you for answers."

 

"Don't you worry your pretty blond head about it. Teddy and I will have it done in no time. Oh Teddy, you are so going to love Justin's new place...."

 

Before he and Emmett can be on their way though, a couple of newcomers arrive. Mel and Ben looked relieved, but pissed as well and I can't help but shudder to think of what dear old Mikey, and his cunty sidekick Lindz, have been up to now.

 

"Ted, Ben and I discovered where Justin's money has been going. And her name is Taryn Charles," Mel announces.