- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

 

So on another more melancholy note for the moment! This chapter is named for one of my favorite songs by Prince... Hope you're finding peace in the "Land of Neverending Happiness." I miss your voice, your music, but most of all I miss that enigmatic smile you always wore when speaking in public.

Rest in Royalty Prince Rogers Nelson!  

Image may contain: 1 person, text

CHAPTER 25: MY LITTLE SECRET Part 2: THE BEAUTIFUL ONES

The Beautiful Ones by Prince-

Baby, baby, baby/ What's it gonna be/ Baby, baby, baby/ Is it him or is it me?/Don't make me waste my time/ Don't make me lose my mind baby/ Baby, baby, baby/ Can't you stay with me tonight/ Oh baby, baby, baby/ Don't my kisses please you right/ You were so hard to find

The beautiful ones, they hurt you every time

Paint a perfect picture/ Bring to life a vision in one's mind/ The beautiful ones/ Always smash the picture/ Always every time

If I told you baby/ That I was in love with you/ Oh baby, baby, baby/ If we got married/ Would that be cool?/ You make me so confused/ The beautiful ones/ You always seem to lose

What's it gonna be baby?/ Do you want him?/ Or do you want me?/ Cause I want you

Written by Prince Rogers Nelson

  • Copyright © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group

 

 

Justin

When the plane landed, Brian and I barely had time to collect our stuff and have a quickie in the VIP bathroom at the airport before we had to zoom off to the center. Gene and Alphonse dropped us off and kept en route to the Schickle Estate, telling us that we would see them later. After arriving and getting briefed on what had happened in our absence regarding the preparation for the major fundraising event of the GLC, Brian and I went our separate ways.

 

"Hey Justin, welcome back! I need to know where you want the original drawings for Rage and how you want them arranged," Tory tells me. She and I have known each other since my days of art club. She even filled in for me on a couple of accounts during the earlier days of my business, when deadlines made it impossible for me to extend myself. She has a good eye and wonderful ideas. She's going to make a great gallery manager one day after completing her Art History major at Carnegie.

 

"You're the big shot when it comes to arranging that stuff. Besides this will be good practice for you. I trust your judgment. Just let me know when the final arrangement is done. In the meantime, I have to check on the set designs."

 

"I didn't know you did those too."

 

"I didn't, but the ad agency CEO wants my input since he's familiar with my work. He wants them to look more like art and less campy, if that's possible."

 

"Will you have it finished in time?" she asks. I know that she's hoping that I'll need her for those too. She's a damn good artist and insists on keeping up her drawings whenever possible. Personally, I like her ambition. She reminds me of what Lindsay could have become if she wasn't so busy being lazy and trying to sabotage me.

 

"I'll let you know. In the meantime, you should get started on the arrangement of my art, since it also counts toward your grade. Didn't Professor Miles tell you that I arranged it with him?"

 

"No! No, he didn't. I just thought this was a paid gig as your assistant. Thanks, Justin. I had been wondering why he privately gave me the extention on the project everyone else has to hand in on Monday. I should have known you would have gotten his ear. Be careful with him though. I suspect he would have given you just about anything, if it was in his power to give you."

 

I knew what she was referring to. Bradley Miles was a one-time trick of mine and Brian's. Since the whole of Liberty Avenue knew of mine and Brian's very public breakup and the barely there relationship Ethan and I have, the offers I've received to fill Brian's spot in my bed isn't new news to me. So it was unsurprising that Bradley was willing to please me, even while looking like the benevolent professor interested only in seeing such an ambitious, bright student as Tory, succeed. Now wouldn't he shit himself if he found out that Brian and I were once again an item, and that all of his attempts at furthering a connection with me were being made in vain? Someone should tell him.

 

I chuckle at my very uncharitable thought, before responding, "Don't worry about Bradley, Tory. There is nothing there except a semi-shared memory. You just keep doing what you're doing, which is making a great name for yourself among the professors- both present and future. As for Bradley, let me deal with him."

 

"If you say so, but just be forewarned that he will be here tonight, without a doubt seeking to get you alone."

 

I looked across at the man who was the only one I was interested in being alone with. I could tell when he felt the heat of my gaze even as he stood there attentively listening to whatever Tannis was saying. A small smirk graced his lips, unnoticeable to the people standing around him awaiting further instruction, but as visibly stimulating as my own smile would be to him. "I don't think he'll be able to do that this evening. In fact, my plate is already full with the exhibition and... other matters."

 

She chuckled, following my gaze and understanding what other matters I was going to be up to. "I take it you know about Ethan, then?"

 

"What about him, other than he's won the Heifetz, is there to know?" I ask, genuinely curious by the seemingly benign question.

 

But knowing Tory as I do, I know there is more behind her question. She's a lot like Phoebe, in that she never asks a question she doesn't know the answer to. Or if she does, there are some facts she wants to impart, but won't betray a confidence. She would make a helluva lawyer, if she was so inclined. It's like watching Mel leading a witness, without overtly doing so.

 

"Just that he's been seen around with the co-creator of the comic book. The last time was on PIFA's campus, and it's said that they looked to be having some sort of argument. Also, LeRoy has been sticking especially close to Ethan lately."

 

"No surprise about LeRoy." I shrugged.

 

It was an open secret of how much the multi-talented student wanted Ethan. Truth be told, they would be perfect for each other. Ethan needs a groupie, and LeRoy has all the hallmarks to be the perfect kept boy; something I could never be. I'm not knocking those who choose that lifestyle, which is one that to me equates with being a housewife. After all, my mother was one for a very long time.

 

I just know that life isn't for me. I have too many goals and aspirations, with a determination that makes it impossible for me to want to be less than what I am in my mind. Brian understands that, and doesn't try to clip my wings the way Ethan does. Which leads me to wonder: Why the fuck was Michael on campus, talking to Ethan? "I have to find out why Michael sought Ethan out. My guess is that it would have something to do with Brian, but that doesn't exactly make sense either."

 

"My advice would be to talk to Daphne. He went to see her, just after the little whiny man left. At least, that's what Phebes told me."

 

I nodded, knowing that beyond Daphne calling me after her confrontation with Ethan, there was a possibility she knew what was really going on between him and Michael. Daphne is a real bloodhound when she's looking to find dirt on someone she can't stand. And Ethan certainly fits that bill. Add Michael to the mix, and the girl will probably make the ‘canines in law enforcement' look like amateurs when it comes to sniffing out the skeletons in his proverbial closet. Thank God Brian and I will never be on Daphne's bad side.

 

As Tory moved off, Brian came up to me, leaning in, seeming to be whispering in my ear. He was, but his tongue also captured the hot spot behind it that only he was ever able to find. I bit my lip to keep from moaning aloud, as he spoke of the really nasty things he intended to do to me later. I could feel my dick growing harder in my pants in anticipation of every fucking freaky, sneaky thing we would do tonight, after all of the festivities were over and I was free of Ethan. After our time in California and Ethan's big win, I figured it was time to let go of the pretense that Ethan could ever be more than a friend.

 

No matter what he says, Ethan knew that it was going to come down to him or me. And I'm just betting that he's convinced himself I would never choose myself over him. It was time to lay that particular myth to rest once and for all, then move forward with my life. If I could take anything away from the experience of having a normal relationship with Ethan, it's the fact that words don't mean shit. And that forever is not as long as it used to be, especially when it comes to two incompatible people.

 

Things run their course, as people grow and change. It's always up to them if they learn from it, adapt to it, or reinvent themselves because of it. I chose to learn and reinvent myself. Hopefully, he can do the same. But I'm NOT going to make his continued problem, my burden; it's about us- as in me and Brian- now.

 

"I have to go by Mel's before this thing starts. She's been leaving messages for me since yesterday."

 

"While you're at it, ask her if she knows why Michael was seen arguing with Ethan on PIFA's campus. I think it has something to do with the fact that he couldn't find you. At least, that's what I gathered from Daphne when I spoke to her last, which was about a week ago."

 

He nodded and kissed me goodbye in a way no one would think it anything more than two people, sharing a friendly gesture. Which is how Michael found us.

 

"Briiiannnnn... Brian! Where the fuck have you been for the last week?! I have been looking all over for you!" He starts in, disregarding my presence as usual. I've tried to do the same to him many times, but his voice is just too annoying to tune out completely.

 

"Busy, busy Mikey. But then you know that already, since I haven't returned one of your numerous phone calls. As you can see, I am also very busy here."

 

He pouted. "Well, you're apparently free now, so let's go to the Diner and have lunch. You know, catch up on where exactly you have been, and who you've been doing," he orders, glaring at me. I returned his look, without flinching.

 

"Actually, I was on my way out to take care of another matter. Unlike you Michael, everyone works here. Why don't you go on to the diner? I'm sure Deb would probably love to see you," Brian tells him. As per usual, Brian's subtle insult about Michael's employability to anyone, but himself, falls on deaf ears.

 

"Why don't I just come with you? Surely, you can spare some time for me." He looks at Brian with the hopeful, puppy dog eyes that would have probably worked as recently as a month ago, but no longer has the desired effect.

 

"No, Michael. I don't have time to cater to you since MY business is putting on this shindig. Justin, call me if there is anything you need for the sets. I'll send Ted over now, so that you both can talk about the contractual changes beyond what was already agreed upon. Later."

 

Brian walks away, and I can't help but watch him. That undeniable magnetism he has draws every eye in the building. As promised, he stops briefly to talk to Ted on his way out of the main doors of the building. I wish like hell that I was going with him, but I still have a job to do for my own company. That takes precedence over anything I might want at the moment.

 

I feel the heated gaze of Michael on the side of my face, but refuse to acknowledge it. In the grand scheme of my life, he doesn't matter. Or he didn't, until he felt the need to open his mouth to me. "I'm going to warn you one more fucking time, Boy Wonder. Stay the hell away from Brian! You're toxic and nothing but trouble! You weren't worth the trouble before, and you're even more worthless now!"

 

I turn to the annoying little worm, trying to keep the laughter out of my voice at his attempts to intimidate me. "And yet I'm the one here working, making a living, doing something valuable, something that demands top dollar to contract with me, while you're standing here about to lose everything you've ever tried to work for, including Brian's friendship. I would venture to say that it isn't me who has the value of his self-worth mixed up."

 

"FUCK! I wish Hobbs would have..."

 

I narrowed my eyes, knowing where he was about to take that statement. "I dare you to finish saying that sentence, Michael. Go on, pussy boy. Finish it!"

 

I could see the doubt in his eyes. Apparently, he thought that by implying anything about the bashing- Hobbs, in particular- I was going to burst out into tears. Instead, he's made me angry. Knowing what I know now about Brian and then Daphne hitting the little fuck in front of me, the third time for Michael is about to be the charm for him and his motor mouth... And not in a positive, life-affirming way!

 

I see when my threat, and subsequent dare, finally registered. I could almost see the moment when he decides to say the same statement that caused him to nearly lose his balls in the middle of a hospital waiting room. Michael's words forming were halted when Ted arrived at my side, holding onto my tightly wound fist. Which I would have happily drawn back, and knocked the bastard on his non-existent ass. Michael needs to thank his fucking lucky stars, right now; Ted just became his Guardian Angel.

 

"Michael, I doubt whatever was on the tip of your tongue to say would have been anything meaningful and worth hearing. I suggest you take off, before I call security to escort you out. Or you can take your chances with Justin here, then I'll call the police to have you escorted to jail. The fact that you are even here is clear violation of the restraining order Justin has against you. You should have left the moment you spotted him. He's well within his rights to beat your ass and then call a cop, claiming self-defense. Of course, Justin is too decent a human being to do that, but I still might do the dirty work for him if you don't leave NOW!"

 

WOW! Perhaps Ted isn't his guardian angel after all, but my own. Ted is still holding my wrist, but as he addresses Michael, I could feel the tightening of his own. I can't say that I have any doubt Ted will make good on his threat. Looks like wittle Mikey has finally burned all his bridges, but one... And she's currently trapped in WASP-ville USA, with Mommy and Daddy so far up her flat ass, she can't even fart without them knowing about it.

 

"Fuck you, Ted! This has NOTHING to do with you!" Michael screeches, causing all activity around the three of us to come to a halt.

 

"Actually it DOES, since you're standing here in the middle of a closed building without a valid reason, or legal right to be here. In fact, you willfully and knowingly entered a building with a sign that specifically says ‘Closed to the Public' for the express purpose of harassing two people who are working this event. Everyone in here has a valid reason to be here, whereas you do NOT, since you have no artistic talent, own any of the exhibits, nor are you part of the team organizing tonight's events. Justin has all three, so actually has a right to be in the building."

 

"The Rage drawings..." Michael began, only to be cut off again by my hero of the moment.

 

"Are Justin's, to do with as he pleases. Per the contract that you signed, any and all illustrations pertaining to the comic book Rage are the sole property of their creator, which is certainly NOT you. Go away, Michael. Undoubtedly, we will see you tonight, since there isn't any way we can stop you from attending. But be warned that just as we will have plenty of patrons to experience Carnivale, law enforcement will also be out en masse. You would do well to remember that should you think of invading Justin's personal space again. You're not to be within 500 feet of him, and yet here you are." Ted turns to me then. "Come along, Justin. I already had Mel look over the existing contract, adding in the new figures and stipulations. All that's needed now is your signature."

 

He leads me away to the far side of the room. I can't help but smile at the stunned look on Michael's pinched face, as two of the center's security personnel grip him by each arm, and usher him out of the building. Now, if only tonight will go as smoothly in keeping Captain Asshole far away from me...

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*ADLS

 

Michael

 

Fucking Ted! I don't know what his fucking problem is, but he'd better fix it quick! Wait until I tell Brian how he was holding onto Justin, like some sort of prized property or something. Speaking of which, Ethan needs to get an immediate leash on his boyfriend. I may not be able to impress upon Justin my order to stay away from Brian, but that little shit Ethan better damn well be able to!

 

I sure paid him enough, and I'm not willing to see MY money go down the drain, all because he couldn't follow orders and do his fucking job! The fact that the lip lock of Brian and Justin's happened in the first place means he hasn't been and still isn't. So it's time to fix that shit real quick, especially since it will free me up to talk to Brian, then I can convince him to let me move into his place with him. No way am I going to be responsible for Ma's mortgage! The reason for this entire shit with Justin was so that my business thrives.

 

It can't do that if I have to take care of myself, too. Besides, she's MY mother! It's always been her job to take care of ME! That's the ONLY job she has that matters! I mean, what is this world coming to where no one can do what the fuck they are supposed to do?!

 

Boy Wonder was supposed to go the fuck away; he didn't! Brian was supposed to want me now, but from the looks of it he doesn't, at least not yet. Lindsay was supposed to force Justin out of Rage and out of our lives, but instead I'm facing financial ruin because of the trick I created the comic with! Ma and Ben were supposed to take care of me until Brian came to his senses and realized that we belong together; they won't do it! Mel was supposed to take my side in this shit with Justin since she's known me the longest, but it's obvious the blond asshole turned her head against me.

 

Ted was supposed to help me with the store and new investments, but he can't because he's the one who pointed out to Justin the discrepancies in the accounting so I no longer trust him! Emmett was supposed to be my shoulder to cry on, but he's too busy working and kissing Blondie's ass during his off hours. And I won't even talk about Uncle Vic, since he's encouraging Ma to make me handle this shit on my own. Yeah... Some fucking family I've got!

 

And lastly, Ethan was supposed to keep Justin away from fucking Brian and he hasn't!

 

Why doesn't anyone see that if they would all just do what I want, everything would be fucking perfect?! It would not only be like old times, but better, since all of my plans erase the fact that Justin Taylor ever existed in our family. I don't get why they aren't all cooperating. It would make me really happy if they would, and isn't that what's most important?! It used to be, until that fucking ingrate showed up and took my place as the darling of Liberty Avenue.

 

In exchange for the attention of the masses, I let them have the fuck of a lifetime with Brian without interference from me. I also willingly let them have an ongoing relationship with my mother when they needed to eat. Then fucking Justin comes along and thinks he can have my place by Brian's side, when I've been working for it since the day I met him? Well it worked for awhile, but he won't be getting away with that shit this time! IT'S MY FUCKING TURN!!!!

 

I didn't take the threat of Justin Taylor versus my ideal life that seriously before, but I do now. While Brian was everyone's Stud, I was his prince. No way am I letting Justin fucking Taylor steal MY throne again! The more I think about people not playing their roles to perfection in my life, the more pissed off I get. Well, I can't take care of everyone and everything right now, but I can get Ethan to man-the-fuck-up and take care of HIS twink!

 

Pulling out my cell phone, I dial the most hated number, but the only one I can call to get fucking results. RATS!! His voicemail comes on. He has the most annoying voice I have ever heard. I can't imagine how anyone could put up with it, when he's about to cum.

 

He even whines when leaving a voicemail, which oddly reminds me of Lindsay.

 

I tell him to get his ass down to the GLC as fast as he can, before he doesn't have a boyfriend left. Then I proceed to tell him the one thing that I know will light a fire to propel his dumb ass where I want him to be. I tell him that I came upon a fiery kiss Brian gave Justin and managed to stop it, just before they fucked. Not exactly the truth, but it will get him glued to Justin all night tonight, and that's exactly what I want! It's not a total plan, but it's the best one I can think of right now.

 

Oh, where the fuck is Lindsay when I need her?

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ADLS

 

Brian

 

I arrived at Mel's a half an hour ago, and already I'm tempted to march myself back to the GLC and fuck Michael up! But Gus is napping in my arms, so I can't leave right now. If I didn't know better, I would say that he missed me. His little hand is balled within the silk of my shirt, as if holding on for dear life. Even though I'm pissed at the information Mel and Ben imparted about Michael and Ethan, I don't have the heart to pass up this time with my son.

 

"So you mean to tell me that Michael paid Ethan, using Justin's money, for him to separate me and Justin? To what purpose? I always knew the situation with Ethan would be a temporary one." Fuck, and why did I just say that? All I can do is hope neither of them noticed my slip, but as I've always thought, God hates me.

 

"What do you mean you always knew it would be temporary? Are you and Justin...? Where exactly have you been since last week, Brian?" Melanie asks, and I can tell she is switching into her lawyer interrogation mode.

 

"Away on business, like I told you."

 

I shift a little in my seat, switching Gus to the other side. I've got the bonafide cramp Justin's always called ‘baby arm' where Gus' little ass was sitting. I know I'm making a big show of settling him down, so that he can be comfortable while continuing to nap. But in reality, I'm hoping it will buy me some time to cover mine and Justin's tracks. I agree with him that we need to be kept a secret, for now.

 

"And this business, was it professional or personal?" She just won't let up! But to Mel's credit, I do see a glimmer of hope in her eyes. Our relationship sure has changed, since we both stopped letting Lindsay manipulate the way we interact with each other.

 

I decide to give the pitbull a little something to chew on. "Okay, Mel. It was a little of both. Justin was requested by one of my clients for his campaign. The account is worth half a million dollars, and I knew that with the current state of things between Justin and I, he would turn me down without a thought about how much his commission would be."

 

"So you only went to California to talk some sense into him for the bottom line of his company?"

 

I nodded. "Justin has this principle that he won't work with someone he doesn't like."

 

"Yet he managed to work with Michael, for a time."

 

"Which is why I needed to see him in person. Justin doesn't hold overt grudges; just denies a person what they want most, until he decides to drive his foot up your ass to fuck you."

 

"WOW! Did not necessarily need that particular visual. But back to the matter at hand... you mean for me- us- to believe that all you and Justin discussed was business?"

 

"We did."

 

"And you didn't fuck?" When I'm silent, she grins. "I knew you were full of shit, Kinney. There is no way you and Justin can be around each other, and NOT fuck your brains out. So does this mean that you two are finally back together?"

 

"We never were together."

 

"Bullshit, Brian. You may not have been conventional like we all expected you to be. But you were most certainly together, whether you acknowledge it or not. Either way it's good, since it will keep him out of reach of Ethan's machinations. I can't believe Ethan and Michael did this!" Ben says.

 

"I'll be honest and say that I didn't want to, either. But too many things that went wrong in the last few months make sense now. Fuck! We can't tell him this though, guys. Justin will literally kill Michael!"

 

"What are you saying? We can't hide the truth from him. That would make what we're doing the same or worse than Ethan, since he actually trusts us," Mel points out.

 

"I know. But his trust in himself and people is already fragile again, especially after what happened to his car. That's another thing... Is there some way Lindsay can be held legally responsible, for the part she's played in this?"

 

"I have my paralegal looking for precedents on whether we can have her charged now. She definitely needs to be held accountable for masterminding this shit. We all know that Michael couldn't think his way through a buttonhole, let alone come up with this entire plot on his own. He's always had a problem with seeing shit through to the end. He may have voiced his thoughts aloud to her, but she was the one who gave the orders he followed."

 

I chuckle. "You know Justin has taken to calling her Sargeant Pain-in-the-Ass?"

 

"I laughed my head off the first time I heard him refer to Michael as Captain Asshole, instead of Astro which was Michael's favorite superhero as you well know. So the question is: how do we protect him from the PITA Association?"

 

"PITA Association?" Ben asks, and Mel answers.

 

"Yeah. We have Sargeant Pain-in-the-Ass, who is Lindsay; Captain Pain-in-the-Ass, who is Michael, and now Private Pain-in-the-Ass, who just happens to be Ethan. I have a feeling there are more of the privates on the horizon of Justin's life."

 

"Something you're not telling me?" I ask her.

 

"No. It's just something Daphne alluded to last night when I spoke to her and Phoebe. I'm sure it's nothing."

 

"If it's nothing then..."

 

"How about we just deal with what we know right now, and leave the speculation for later? Gus will be up in a bit, needing to be fed before I take him to Dusty and Marie's. They're going to Marie's mother's house. Ron called to inform me that Lindsay has her first date tonight with some dude they chose for her. I wouldn't put it past her to show up at Dusty's looking for time with Gus to show what a caring broodmare she is."

 

I couldn't help but notice the sneering tone in her voice and had to wonder if she had any regrets about keeping Gus out of Lindsay's self-destructive orbit. "You having second thoughts about sending Lindsay back to the WASP nest?"

 

"Not one, just the fact that she still has her uterus intact. I have had my jealous moments about Lindsay being able to have a child, whereas I'm not. The endometriosis kind of ended my one heteronormative dream. But the idea that she can have more children to use as a bargaining chip and human checkbook, rankles in ways you can't imagine."

 

I had to stop and think about that for a moment. Melanie had never voiced that particular concern before, and I guess I could understand the sentiment. My mother was the same type of parent that Lindsay was- indifferent- except when Claire or I served a purpose for her to climb her social ladder. The only difference was that whereas Lindsay's god was her status within the country club set, Joan's was her standing within the Catholic family community and how the Kinneys were viewed. It made no difference to her that she was in an abusive relationship, or that I was being hit for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and in-between snacks, so long as no one knew everything wasn't perfect in Joanie's world.

 

It makes getting Gus away from the current incarnation of Mommy Dearest, the right decision in my book. No way should my kid have to fight the effects of being raised in such a household as I did. But then that's the fundamental difference between Claire and me. She uses it as an excuse; I used it as motivation. And I refuse to let Gus grow up thinking that existing in mediocrity is a valid way of life!

 

"Well, if there is a God, as you believe, I doubt he will be gracious enough to let another child come from the she-wolf's womb. But it's not our problem. Right now we've managed to keep Gus safe. But we have to do the same thing for Sunshine."

 

"And the other kids coming? They're hers, you know."

 

"True, but they are also either Justin's or mine. There's no way Lindsay is getting her mitts on them." SHIT! Another secret is out!

 

"Justin's? How? You mean he's..."

 

"Had sex in the loft before with other people? Sure. The guy's not a total bottom, like Michael." She seemed to accept that answer, for which I breathe a sigh of relief. No way would I ever live that down, or the fact that Justin makes me holler and squeak in a way that would rival Emmett. I'll be damned if anyone ever found that out! Kissing Gus' head, I hand him off to Mel. "I've gotta get back. I'll see you later at the Center. Hopefully, Michael has gone someplace else by now."

 

"I wouldn't bet on it. He's hellbent on causing trouble for Justin. And sadly, that also includes you. If word got out that you and Justin..." I take a dollar out of my pocket, and hand it to her. "What's this for?" she asks.

 

"I would think of all people you would understand the rules of attorney-client confidentiality. Now I can be assured that you won't tell anyone. I'm not too worried about Ben; he's never been the gossiping type, simply for the sake of it."

 

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, I think," Ben snarks, and I have to chuckle a bit before I tell them what Justin and I discussed.

 

"Justin and I want to keep this thing- whatever it is- just between us, for the interim. We both somehow realized that having too many cooks in our kitchen the first time made this mess that really didn't have to be."

 

"Just make sure you keep him this time, Kinney."

 

I nodded, then left with them knowing exactly where Justin and I stood. Oddly, I feel good that Mel knows. Smelly Melly makes a dangerous enemy and a worthy opponent, but dare I say it... She also makes one helluva friend.  

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ADLS


Ethan

 

I arrived at the Gay and Lesbian Center earlier, as instructed by Michael, only to be told that I have to wait until the opening tonight. So I went back to the apartment, formulating my plan for this evening. I called a few friends to help me out with keeping Justin distracted. I knew that in a crowd of thousands, I was going to need help keeping track of him. I didn't trust Kinney before, and after hearing Michael's message, I can add Justin to that list as well.

 

He didn't even have the decency to call me, and let me know that he'd arrived back in Pittsburgh safely! I understand he's working... Well actually I don't, since he should have been here with me. But I'm still entitled to a simple phone call! Michael's came in while I was getting it on with LeRoy, but that's beside the point.

 

Had Justin let me know he was back, I would have been by his side where I belong and that fucking kiss with Kinney never would have happened!

 

I would find it strange that the bastard surfaced on the same day Justin was scheduled to come home, except that per his assistant, the bitchy Cynthia, that was already predetermined. But I still wonder where he's been for the last week. Justin acted strangely every time I called him, especially the night when I told him about winning the competition. His caustic comments have been replaying in my mind as recently as this morning, while I laid in bed and LeRoy slept on beside me. He kept talking about me making the most of the opportunity, as if he wasn't going to be around to watch me succeed.

 

Well, there is no way I'm letting Justin go! He's my muse; destined to travel with me as I tour the world, making a name for myself! But with his lawyer's warnings, I know I have to tell him Michael's role in getting us together, and about my part in destroying his replicated fuckmobile. But Justin's always been a forgiving person. So surely he'll forgive me, especially if we aren't here in Pittsburgh to constantly be reminded of my mistakes.

 

I can't deny that I'm a little nervous about it. I mean, what if he says no? What am I supposed to do, then? LeRoy is well aware of my plans to take Justin with me. I told him this morning while we were showering, and he was planning out the rest of our lives, as if Justin and I were breaking up.

 

It hurt to destroy his hopes, but surely he knew he was only temporary. I mean since he started the interlude this afternoon, he must be accepting of the circumstances, right? Too bad Justin won't grant me the same liberties of pounding his ass the way LeRoy does. If he had, I never would have stepped outside of our bedroom activities for a side piece. But at least I'm still NOT like Brian fucking Kinney, who used Justin as his personal plaything; I actually want to build a life with him.

 

If only he would let me...

 

As Adam, Trace, and I pay the entrance fee to this gaudy festival, I can't help but be shocked that Justin would actually take part in this level of licentiousness! Everywhere you look, there is some sexual innuendo or connotation to the most innocuous thing, like the cotton candy stand. The actual sticks are different flavored phalluses- white chocolate, milk chocolate, strawberry, blueberry, lemon, grape and more. My only thought is that these displays really are a testament that Justin is better off with me. My mind is not a cesspit of sex the way Kinney's is.

 

There's no romance to be had here at all! Instead, it's reminiscent of the free-for-all the backroom of Babylon is, was, and always will be. Yeah, I've been to the backroom once. And it was not an experience I ever wanted to repeat, especially being laughed at for my ineptitude compared to Justin's former boyfriend. In fact, that's another reason why I hate Kinney so much. He doesn't remember me!

 

Instead of appreciating me sucking his dick, he brushed me off.

 

But then I probably would have too in order to fuck Justin, which he had done well and repeatedly that night... The night of my recital in this place, where earlier that day I had met Justin. God, he was so insatiable and fucking gorgeous in his wantonness! His demands for more from his brunet top rung in my ears, as I jacked myself off deep into the night. It was also what fueled my determination to have the blond to myself, and away from a man who would never appreciate him the way I would.

 

But even I have to admit, they were fucking HOT to watch. Why can't Justin give me that kind of heat? Why won't he give ME his ass the way he did with HIM?! Well, he certainly won't be giving it to Kinney again, not if I have anything to say about it. And I do!

 

I spot Justin standing next to a girl I've seen before, but never really looked at. In a way, she reminds me of Daphne with her standoffish attitude, but is paint splattered like I've seen Justin any number of times. They are engrossed looking at a display and having a conversation when another older man joins them. What is it with Justin and older men flocking to him? He's my age for fuck's sake!

 

Mr. Cradle-robber is standing much too close to Justin for my liking. So I decide that it is time to lay claim to what's mine, so that the fucker doesn't get any more ideas. Picking up my pace, I come upon Justin from behind, bumping the old dude out of my way, while swinging him around to shove my tongue into Justin's open mouth.

 

Releasing his lips, I sigh, "Welcome back, lover," into his mouth.

 

"Thanks, Ethan." is all he says, before looking passed me. "Professor Miles, are you okay?"

 

"I'm fine, Justin. And as a reminder, I'm just good old Brad tonight."

 

"Old is right," I mumble, earning an elbow to the side from Justin, who is glaring at me. "Professor Miles? A professor of what? I've never seen him on OUR campus."

 

"That's because he doesn't teach there, Ethan. He works at CMU and is Tory's Art History professor. He is also a consultant on the board for the GLC."

 

"Oh. Well how come he was looking at you like he wanted to take a bite?" I ask, getting annoyed that Justin was still standing here talking, instead of greeting me properly. Cradle-robber is looking at me with a smug look, and a twinkle in his eye. Yeah, he's definitely interested in Justin beyond academia!

 

"Ethan, your imagination, as usual, is getting the better of you. Perhaps you and your friends would find the atmosphere by the Dick Kiss game much more to your liking," Tory offers, as if someone asked her.

 

"No, but maybe it would be more to yours. As for me, I'm comfortable right here waiting for Justin to finish his obligations. That is what a boyfriend is supposed to do, after all. Where's yours?"

 

"Unlike you Ethan, my girlfriend has no reason to stalk me. She is with her friends, enjoying herself. Perhaps you should go do the same, since Justin and I are attending to important matters. You don't rank." She turns her back to me, forcing me out of Justin's personal space, which I had invaded. "Justin, speaking of Dick Kiss in a totally ‘wish both he and I were straight sort of way', Mr. Kinney was looking for you regarding the Rage display. I think he had an offer for the lot of them that he wanted to discuss with you. Ron and Nancy Peterson are with him."

 

"The Petersons? What the hell are they doing here?" Justin asks, smirking at Tory's comment, but genuinely puzzled at their presence.

 

"I think it's regarding Lindsay, but you should go find out," she tells him, while I try to swallow the lump which seems intent on restricting my airway. "Why Ethan, you should go get something to drink. You look as pale as a ghost. Or is it that you've seen one?"

 

I look at the bitch closely, and what I see almost makes the bile bubble up from my gallbladder. The bitch knows. She knows! But how? I've kept my secrets close to the vest. The only person other than Michael or Lindsay she could have found out from, was that bitch attorney or...

 

Fuck! Phoebe! But if Phebes knew, who would she tell but... OH FUCK!! I have to find Michael!

 

It's only a matter of time before that bitch Daphne spills the beans to Justin, and then to Brian! I notice as Tory's eyes narrow at me, and she then nods imperceptibly to let me know that my assumptions are correct. Tonight just became about more than making sure Justin leaves with me tomorrow; it just became about my freedom! But first, I have to make sure that Justin stays by my side the entire night. They can't turn him against me before I have a chance to explain if they can't get him alone, can they?

 

"Ethan, I'm going to see the Petersons. Why not show your friends around? I'll catch up to you when I can."

 

"I could come with you. I've been meaning to ask Lindsay something anyway."

 

"That's not necessary, Ethan, since I doubt she's here. Besides, this is business... my business, to be more specific. I am perfectly capable of attending to it on my own. Go enjoy the carnival. I'll catch up with you later," he says, giving me a little nudge in the direction of Adam and Trace.

 

The implacable tone he used didn't leave me any room to be persistent or argue. "Don't be long, Justin. I've missed you so much."

 

He stops and stares at me for a few brief moments. But even in those few seconds, I feel like he can see everything that has happened and what I've been doing while he's been away. It's then that I realize no matter what happens tonight, I've already lost Justin. I have to question if I've ever really had him at all. By the looks of it, the answer is no, I never did.

 

And the smug looks being passed between Tory and this professor, then onto me, confirm it.

 

FUCK!!!!!

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ADLS


Justin

 

What the fuck are the Petersons doing here? This is certainly NOT their type of shindig. I take it their appearance has something to do with their ignorant daughter and her actions against me. Well, if they are here to plead her case, they can kiss my ass! Whatever Brian and Mel have decided regarding Gus has nothing to do with me, but I support every decision they've made thus far.

 

Who knows? Maybe they will tell me that Lindsay and Craig will make a go at a relationship since she's fucked him numerous times in the car while Gus was asleep in the backseat. Now there's a match made in Hell! I come upon them sitting in the office with Brian. Surprisingly there are no raised voices, which I find a little odd since I know Brian can't stand them.

 

He always said that he could never abide people too ashamed to be what they are, because of some faux self-imposed social standards. I certainly couldn't disagree since I'd grown up in that type of environment, and witnessed how my mother used to dumb herself down in order to make Craig feel like a big man instead of the bully he was. I'm glad she got out of that shit. Instead of being Craig's trophy, she's his biggest enemy and a formidable opponent to him now. I'd hate to be him.

 

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Peterson. My assistant tells me that you're interested in owning the original drawings for Rage. Is that true?" I can't help the puzzled tone of my voice. "To say that they are sexually graphic would be the biggest understatement I've ever heard, let alone uttered."

 

"Yes, young man, you've heard correctly. We wish to give them as a gift to someone on their upcoming wedding. But even before that, we wish to drive home a point to our wayward daughter," Ron tells me.

 

"We're well aware of what she was trying to do to you, young Justin. And we don't support it in any way!" Nancy adds, causing Brian to gasp.

 

"Then you're aware that this was all a ploy for Lindsay to force Brian into marrying her, or more accurately, supporting her, for the rest of his life?" I ask.

 

"Yes, we both are aware of what Lindsay planned. It's not that we have a problem with Brian- we don't- but we DO have a problem with the way Lindsay covets him." Nancy is wringing her hands, as she regards me with a blush on her face. Do I even want to know why?

 

"We were led to believe that you would welcome a heteronormative relationship with a successful businessman, instead of the lesbian one with the attorney she's spent ten years with," Brian states, shifting in his seat under their intense scrutiny. Seriously, what the hell is up with the Petersons?!

 

"Melanie and Lindsay being involved as lesbians was never the issue. However, Mel being involved with Lindsay was."

 

"I don't understand." I tell them.

 

"May I be blunt?" At mine and Brian's nod, she continues. "There are some things that Ron and I just discovered about each other after almost thirty-five years of marriage, and this was one of them. We both feel that Melanie was doing herself a disservice by fucking with Lindsay. That was the core of my issue with her. It was almost like she fell for the Madonna act, and it was disheartening to see a very intelligent woman fall for someone as asinine and avaricious as my daughter.

 

"Now that's not to say that I don't support greed in its many forms- I do- but I don't support using anyone and everyone to further one's goals. Ron will tell you, that although I consider myself entitled to many fine things in this life, I'm not above working hard to get them. I've earned my position in our society both through birthright and in business before I married Ronald, although my father never knew it. I kept it going strong even after Lynette and Lindsay were born. Even a spider in her web is busy as hell working to lay the groundwork, before her sticky trap is set.

 

"Lindsay, as I'm sure you know, is not like that. Instead she plays on people's hopes, impossible dreams, and insecurities, so that the idiots do the work for her while she stays clean, free, and serene, as she reaps what she feels is her due. She is the worst kind of manipulator, in that you never see what she's done, until it's too late."

 

Brian nor I could dispute the truth of Nancy's words. I've often wondered how Melanie could let Lindsay get away with as much as she did for so long. It was as if Melanie was the slave and Lindsay was the master. Peace of mind shouldn't have been worth the price of Mel's self-esteem. Considering that Brian was in the same boat with Michael and had been for a number of years, I guess it is easy to imagine, after all.

 

"So how does my work figure into this?"

 

"Call it payback in a long line of slights to her family. Ironically, this was Lynette's idea. Lindsay is quick to harp on her sister about the number of marriages she's had, each richer than the last, but never once has Lindsay acknowledged why Lynette has had so many."

 

"And why has she?" Brian is curious, and quite frankly, so am I.

 

I mean, is it really so hard to stay married? If the Petersons are anything to go by, I would say no. But then again, everyone is different. Ron just may find that it's "Cheaper to Keep Her" is not only a song, but a true statement. I can blame Brian for even knowing that it was a fucking old Blues song from 1973.

 

"Because it was Lindsay who destroyed each one of those marriages, including this last one. All of the men wanted children, which Lynette can't have. They all knew it beforehand, since she was always honest about it. Lindsay is able to have children, quite obviously since she gave birth to Gus. It was only a matter of offering herself to carry the babies, by doing it the natural way... She wouldn't do it any other way. And all they could see was that the baby would be biologically related to Lynette. Well what man doesn't want a bit of immortality?" Ron asks, as if trying to still wrap his mind around Lindsay's viciousness. "Anyway, it was all a ruse, because the bitch showed the men the diaphragm the minute it was over, which just happened to be the exact moment Lynette arrived home each time. Needless to say, each of the divorces and their settlements were uncontested."

 

Nancy chimed in. "Lynette wants Lindsay to suffer, knowing what it is like to have a dream left unfulfilled, while it's being rubbed in her face constantly. Your artwork accomplishes that on many levels. From what I understand, the fact that you were injured has not stopped you from creating meaningful masterpieces, only how fast you do them. George Schickle speaks very highly of your works, and since you are the freelance artist Ron has kept hidden from me all this time, I can honestly say that I see your talent is not at all the way Lindsay described, but so much better and well-deserved."

 

"Out of curiosity, just how did Lindsay describe me?"

 

"Justin..."

 

"No, Brian. I really want to know. I could take a guess, but where would be the fun in that?" I can't help but notice Nancy and Ron blush red to the roots of their heads. I smirk when it dawns on me why they are. "Brian, meet our voyeurs."

 

"Wh-What?!! Justin, this is too much, even for you."

 

"Maybe so, but look at them and tell me what you think," I challenge. Brian taught me how to read people pretty well, and now that my memory has returned, I find the skill has sharpened significantly.

 

He bursts out laughing, noting the twin looks of guilt and embarrassment on both their faces. He drawls, "I take it you followed my orders, then?"

 

"What are you talking about, Brian?" Ron asks.

 

"To enjoy the free porn."

 

"You actually said that? Nancy, he said that?"

 

She closes her eyes, and I'm tempted to run for cover knowing that a straight woman was watching me fuck Brian- or more accurately- watching Brian fuck me. "Ron, you watched too, if I recall."

 

"I did, but you had the earphones in."

 

"I take it one of the things you are learning about each other is that you both like gay sex?" Brian asks them, and I can't help but laugh at the deepening of the tell-tale signs that he is right.

 

Nancy changes the subject. "So... so we can have your work, Justin?"

 

"Yes, but on the condition that it goes to your friends in one piece. If Lindsay is left alone with any of my work, you'll be out of money and those drawings will be a thing of the past. She'll destroy them given the opportunity," I advise, knowing that I'm speaking the truth.

 

"How much do you want for them?"

 

"I'll let you and Brian decide that, since the proceeds go to the center and to the local AIDS hospice for medical fees and the like. He and our accountant will have the accurate figures. I can tell you that I originally insured them for fifty grand, so I wouldn't like to let them go for less than that, especially since Rage has taken off and grown considerably since its conception. That's when those drawings were made. The mobility in my hand had just reached eighty-five percent. So they are priceless to me."

 

"Then why are you letting them go?" Ron asks.

 

"Because the center is worth them, and so much more to me. Not only that, but someone I love and admired greatly has recently transitioned to the great beyond due to AIDS. She was a superhero in her own right to this community. So my sacrifice pays homage to Godiva, but also to people I know- gay and straight- who live with this fucked up disease and its precursor of HIV. I can't do much, but if it eases their pain and suffering even a little, I know I've done something."

 

"Brian, he's a very special young man. Make sure you hold onto him this time," Ron tells him.

 

"I intend to." Brian answers, and I can't help the smile that comes across my face, which immediately becomes a frown when he says, "Besides, Justin's little admirers have to wait, as we have other matters to attend to."

 

"Admirers? What the hell are you talking about now, Brian?"

 

"Oh how soon we forget. Ethan was basically pissing on his territory when he saw you with that obsequious professor, who was doing his best to keep close contact with you."

 

The subtle throat-clearing reminds us both that we aren't alone. "Perhaps, this is a discussion better had in private," I say, trying to hide the fact that I'm basking in the jealous Brian glow.

 

"I think the roof is the ideal place for it. Shall we, Sunshine?"

 

I take his arm and move a little closer to him than was strictly necessary, when I hear Nancy ask, "Why, Sunshine?" I flash her my trademark smile, denoting how fucking happy I am at this minute when she speaks again. "Ah, Sunshine is aptly named. You two have fun, although I'm saddened that I can't watch this time. Try not to set the place on fire, eh?"

 

"We promise," I say.

 

"Enjoy the rest of the evening. With any luck, there'll be plenty of other voyeuristic activities to assuage your horny little hearts," Brian tells them.

 

I snicker as Brian and I left the office, moving swiftly to the stairs at the end of the long hallway.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ADLS


Lindsay

 

Clarence and I decide to check out the GLC Canivale. I knew Brian's new company was sponsoring the event, and that he would most likely be here, so I decided to agree to come. He and I have been seeing each other everyday for a week and I have to say, I actually like him. His no-bullshit approach to life reminds me a lot of Brian. When I told him of what Brian and that bitch I was involved with did to me regarding Gus, he listened attentively.

 

For the first time in a long while, I didn't feel like every word out of my mouth was being scrutinized, if listened to at all. He said that we would deal with matters, once we made things official between us. This first date is the beginning of many public appearances we'll be making together. I did manage to convince him to stop by Dusty and Marie's house, but they weren't home. I really wanted them to meet my new beau, so that it would get back to Mel and Brian that they haven't stopped me.

 

I also wanted to show Clarence what kind of mother I am to my son, so that when the time came he would fight for me to regain custody. Even though Clarence is well-off, I don't want to depend on his money. Brian should be the one paying for his son and I to live comfortably. But without Gus, I have a feeling he would just leave me to rot in a penniless hell, without a second thought. Gus is my only hope to never be beholden to a 'husband'.

 

I learned that lesson being dependent on Melanie; it's a fate worse than life under my parents' roof!

 

Since it's Friday night and this event is going on, I figured Mel would be here since she would have to protect her client's interests. Yes, I told him about Justin Taylor as well and my thoughts about that fucking little upstart. Again, Clarence said nothing, but I don't think he was too pleased. That's the funny thing about him. I can never tell if he's angry or not, the way I could with Mel.

 

But he did say that I should give Justin credit for not giving up on his dreams. Okay, I could buy that, since to my mind I'm largely responsible that he didn't. In a rare show of altruism, which was both my mistake and my glory, I took him to see Adrienne shortly after Justin had returned to work at the Diner. I have to admit, the woman is inspiring. The fact that she still managed to have a show, even after becoming a quadriplegic, is nothing short of amazing!

 

I felt good that I encouraged him at the time. I mean, the sooner he pursued an art career and left Pittsburgh, the better for Brian to become the man I wanted him to be, right? But then came the advent of that fucking comic, and the shit took off like a shot. What a waste of talent and yet, it's become a very lucrative business. So much so that it wasn't hard to convince Michael that he should have the lion's share, since it was his idea, despite the fact it really was a joint effort.

 

Moreso Justin's effort than his, but I kept that thought to myself.

 

However, by then, as much as I had wanted to build Justin up to pursue his art and get him out of our lives, I wanted to destroy him even more. It certainly wasn't hard to convince Michael to join in on my mind games. Anyway, the way I see it, Justin owes me. And the only acceptable way to repay me is to disappear from Brian's life and Pittsburgh, permanently. That's why I encouraged the idiot Ethan to pursue Justin, even while placing thoughts and visuals in Brian's head of monogamy and Justin's expectations.

 

Sure, I had no basis for comparison, but Brian didn't know that. All he could see was Justin becoming another version of Michael in his life. And that was all it took for Brian to start pushing Justin away. And all of my plans had almost succeeded, too. Except the smart ass blond decided to have Ted look at the fucking books, then for Mel to review his contract, and Brian agreed.

 

Fucking Ted! Fucking Melanie! And damn Brian Fucking Kinney! All of their meddling asses are responsible for my current state, and they are all going to pay... As soon as Clarence and I are married!

 

I begin to look around, seeing Justin's hand in the artwork everywhere. And the more I see, the angrier I get! Justin is supposed to be moderately disabled, and yet he was still able to create these gallery-worthy renditions on a much wider scale. Why the fuck should he get to have all this?! He has all that talent, even with a gimp hand; all the recognition; all the fucking achievement that could have, should have been mine!

 

It sucks that even after the blow to Justin's ego by Howard Ryasin- one of the more mediocre fucks I've had the displeasure of screwing- he's been able to prove all of us, who thought he should give up and move on to something other than art, wrong. Even though it's supposed to be a festival of fun and leisure, I've already spotted some wide-spread patrons and critics of the art world here. Lettice Knolls is the owner and operator of a fairly large gallery in Chicago. William Bertrand is from London, and mentors several up and coming artists, as well as owning several small galleries throughout the Continent. Philippe Durand-Masterson is here with his husband, who is also a well-known art connoisseur.

 

I'm so fucking PISSED seeing Justin get this kind of attention, and for a fucking festival no less!

 

"Something wrong, Lindsay?" Clarence asks me.

 

"No, everything is fine. Just a little overwhelmed at the turnout," I respond, loosening my grip on his sleeve.

 

"I would imagine so since I think I may have your nail imprints on my skin." He chuckles. I really do like his laugh. "We can go if you want."

 

"NO!" I screech, and immediately calm myself. Simpering and replacing a loose lock of hair, which has fallen forward at just the right time, I state again, "I'm fine, Clarence. Really, I am. Besides I think some of my friends are in attendance. I would love for you to meet them."

 

He nods his head, and we proceed further into the sea of humanity. As we stop by "The Cockring Toss Game", I feel a harsh pulling on my arm. As I'm whipped around, I nearly lose my balance. Clarence reaches out, just before I fall into him. I look up to thank him, when I get firsthand knowledge of just who was responsible for my near-mishap.

 

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN, LINDSAY?!! I've been calling and calling, emailing you Every. Fucking. Day, and you have yet to fucking respond!" Michael tells me, anger making his voice even higher pitched than usual.

 

I paste on a smile. "Michael, it's good to see you," I lie smoothly. "As for where I've been, I've moved back home to my parents' house. Things with Mel and I are over. I'm here with my soon-to-be-fiance. Clarence darling, this is my dear friend, Michael Novotny."

 

Michael looked at me as if I'd just grown a dick on my forehead, instead of a unicorn horn. He can be such an asshole sometimes... Well most of the time. "I thought you were into pussy," he says, confusion evident in his voice.

 

"Well Michael, sometimes I like to switch teams. I don't think I'll be entering another lesbian relationship ever though. Clarence keeps me quite satisfied."

 

"Yeah well. We have business, and problems to discuss."

 

I sigh, exasperated. "As you can see, Michael, I'm here on a date."

 

"But..."

 

"No buts, Michael," I snap. Again, I have to take a deep breath to calm myself. "I'll email you tonight after I return home, okay?"

 

He seemed to weigh his options carefully, finally realizing that he had none. "Okay, Lindsay. But tonight, not tomorrow! Got it?"

 

"Sure, Michael. I'll talk to you later. By the way, have you seen Brian around? I would like to offer my congratulations on the launch of his new company. This event is sure to be a success for the turnout alone."

 

"No, I haven't seen him since your parents left. But if you see Boy fucking Wonder, it's almost a surety that Brian won't be far behind," he tells me, bitterly.

 

"My parents? Are you sure? And why the hell would Brian be following Justin around again? I thought..."

 

The last part of my question is interrupted by Clarence. "Lindsay, we should get moving. There's a lot to see and do tonight, before the Carnivale ends. I also see some business associates of mine that we should introduce you to."

 

"Absolutely, Clarence. Michael, we'll talk soon," I murmur, even though I would like nothing better than to stay, and hear all that Michael has to tell me. Being out of the loop fucking sucks! "I'll let you know when I'm online. Say hi to Debbie and Vic for me."

 

I move off with Clarence, twisting my head from side-to-side, trying to see if I can find Brian anywhere in this immense crowd. I don't see him anywhere, nor can I spot Justin. I do see Ethan, and he is sporting the same worried look I noticed on Michael's face, when I first faced him. I definitely know that something is going on now, and I must speak to Michael and Ethan at once! Unfortunately, before I could excuse myself, we reached Clarence's partner in his company, who I happen to also know is his part-time lover.

 

I smile graciously as I'm being introduced, but inside I feel as if a bomb is about to go off at any minute. And that things have only just begun to blow up in our faces. Double fuck!  

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ADLS

 

Clarence

 

My dear Lindsay doesn't think I know what she's thinking. She thought that I would let her ditch me in favor of finding her co-conspirators against young Justin Taylor, including that whining wimp who demanded to know where she's been these last several weeks. Ron and I had a long talk about what Lindsay was doing before she met me. Ordinarily, I probably would have applauded her ingenuity in getting what she wanted. After all, I'm all about acquisition, and not above mercenary tactics to get what I want.

 

But you see, I have a problem with rotten princesses. My step-sister and Lindsay could have been best friends, since they are cut from the same cloth. But what Lindsay has done to her sister is beyond disgraceful; it was downright disgusting! I've known Lynette a long time; met her through her first husband. He and I were wild boys- fucking everything that moved, male or female- until he met her.

 

Henri always said he took one look at her, and lost his heart forever. The funny thing about him, was that he really did love his wife very much, and knew how much not being able to give him a child hurt her. So when Lindsay came to him, it really wasn't about anything else but being able to give his darling wife the one thing she wanted- a child connected to her by DNA. He asked me to get him what he needed to be able to get it up with the vicious cunt simpering next to me. After getting him a hit of the stuff we often used to get it up for an entire night of debauchery, he adhered to Lindsay's demands and fucked her.

 

As Henri told me later on, it broke his heart to see Lynette standing there in shock while Lindsay laughed and pulled the contraception out of herself, telling her sister that the man she married was exactly everything she had ever said he was in bed. Lynette, still in shock, asked Lindsay why she did it. The bitch responded that Lynette couldn't have everything to herself; that it was her duty to share. And if she wasn't going to share her money, then her rich husband would do just fine. I later found out that Lindsay demanded that Lynette sign over her portion of their grandfather's will to her because it was larger, and Lynette had refused.

 

Also Lindsay had been fucking Lynette's gynecologist since high school, which is how she found out that Lynette could indeed get pregnant, but would never be able to carry the children to full term. Poor little Gus hadn't even been born yet. For Henri's part, I'd never seen my friend so broken. When Lynette asked for the divorce, Henri pleaded with her, before finally giving into her request. I think she could have accepted Henri fucking anyone else but the jealous tramp who is standing here actually flirting with the men AND women in our circle, so shamelessly.

 

After the divorce was final, Henri tried to live again. But for him, life as he knew it was over. He'd lost the one thing- the one person- that had meant so much to him. He killed himself that year by cutting his breakline and driving off a cliff. Because of the dubious nature of the Henri's suicide, it was investigated as a homicide and once cleared of all charges, Lynette received all monetary benefits Henri had left her.

 

His good-bye letters came in the post, explaining what he had done, and asking all of us to keep it quiet so that Lynette would most assuredly be taken care of beyond the divorce settlement. And so it went that every time Lynette would move on with her life and marry again, Lindsay would fuck the woman's new husband. But she was smarter each time, learning Lynette's schedule to make sure she was going to be home at some point during her visit. Then she would drug the men enough that they were still coherent, but unable to stop her from completing her mission. Ron and Nancy only know the version of the truth being put out there, which is Henri's version featuring different men.

 

But Lynette and I know the full truth about Lindsay.

 

The last few marriages didn't end because Lynette asked for the divorce, but because her ex-husbands did, out of shame, fear, and respect for her. They couldn't imagine trying to make love to her again, after Lindsay had violated them; both as men, and also as part of a married couple. So between her and myself, we vowed to stop Lindsay in a way there would be no coming back from. By the time we are finished with her, Ron and Nancy included, little Miss Avarice is going to wish she was never born. Melanie Marcus and Brian Kinney unwittingly got the ball rolling, along with the help of Justin Taylor.

 

But now it's time for us, deep in the heart of the WASP nest, to take over.  

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ADLS


Daphne

 

It's taking everything in me not to go over there and punch the blonde bitch's face in. She's in the company of a very handsome man, smiling and laughing as if she doesn't have a care in the world. I really hope that Mel can get her charged alongside Ethan and Michael. No way should Lindsay Peterson walk away from this mess unscathed. I watch as the group progresses onto the next booth.

 

I have to admit, when Brian and Justin work together, there's an undeniable magic that happens. I can see Brian's vision so clearly in Justin's artwork. My ear catches various bits of conversations amongst the crowd, flitting from game-to-game and exhibit-to-exhibit. Even I have to admit that I'm kinda jealous of the guy throwing balls out his ass during Butthole Bingo. He definitely gives new meaning to the phrase ‘tight ass.'

 

I watch as Lindsay laughs it up into the handsome man's face, before she turns what she thinks is a sultry look, on him. To me, she just looks constipated. It reminds me of the looks Ethan would often give Justin. BLECH! Talk about Disgust Personified!

 

Speaking of which, the bastard just passed me, bitching about Justin being in some meeting too long. What the fuck did he expect? This isn't a social gathering for Justin; it's business! But then why should I be surprised at any self-absorbed gripe that passes from the roots of his greasy hair through the lips of his grimy face? Seriously, just what did Justin see in that idiot?!

 

Someday he and I will have a talk about how downgrading from Brian to that is just plain unacceptable! *Shudders* If I had ever done something so stupid as to leave Brian- were he straight, that is- Justin would have checked my ass into a mental institution STAT, without preamble. Fuck! Maybe I should have done that at the first sign that he was losing his mind.

 

Well, hindsight and all that...

 

Anyway, Phoebe and I look on as LeRoy approaches the Karaoke booth. As he selects his song, I hear the sexy beat of Prince's "The Beautiful Ones" blasting through the sound system. And I just know he isn't going to do what I think he's going to do to capture the attention of who I think he's trying to. He just can't possibly be serious, can he? CAN HE?!

 

Oh. My. Ever-loving. God. HE IS!!

 

The chin-rat along with two of his friends, who I've seen before, stop and watch the spectacle LeRoy is making of himself. He's damn near crying as he's singing his heart out to Ethan. To give LeRoy some credit, he sounds remarkably like the song's originator. His tone, even singing falsetto through most of the song, is clear, rich and reaches inside each of us listening to him. My heart almost breaks for the poor guy.

 

Almost. He had to know that Ethan couldn't be trusted, since he was technically cheating on Justin the entire time they were together. Even before that, really. Ethan talked a good game, but his actions left a lot to be desired. Strangely, I have the feeling that Justin isn't the least bit bothered by it.

 

In fact, if I had my way, Justin would be doing the same with Brian. Or better yet, he'd just go back to the man, who I know owns Justin's heart. Well, as wishes go, that's my very best, most fervent one. Brian and Justin belong together. I do want to see the ass-whipping that is bound to happen when all of Ethan's machinations come to the forefront though.

 

And with any luck, I'll be able to tag that ass in my own positive life-affirming way as well. My knuckles have been itching to make that little sorry sonofabitch pay. If I'm lucky, Michael and Lindsay will be eating a few knuckle sandwiches, with a side of two black eyes, too.

 

"So what's it gonna be, Ethan? Do you want him? Or do you want me? Cause I want you!"

 

I snicker. Well if Ethan didn't want his secret out, it sure is now! I have to wonder what brought on LeRoy's sudden plan for exposure. But then again, it's an open secret that Greaseball was planning on asking Justin to go with him, when he started his tour. Of course, those of us closest to Justin know that Ethan has more of a chance of becoming Brian Kinney than he does of having Justin be his eternal groupie.

 

But we've all been entertained, letting him live in his delusional grand plan, while practically foaming at the mouth waiting for Justin to disabuse the fucker of his impossible dream. And it certainly IS impossible, as I look up towards the roof to see a shining blond head, hanging over the side of the building, face contorted in ecstasy, while a tall svelte familiar brunet is whispering, and then licking his ear. Brian's hand goes over Justin's mouth. And it's then that I realize that the men are fucking hard... Even as they are watching the maddening public display of affection below them.

 

OH! To be a fly standing next to them right this minute... looks like all my wishes just might come true this night!

 

 

Chapter End Notes: