- Text Size +

For the first time since he'd started Auntie Em's Fabulous Creations and Event Planning Services, he felt like flinging his phone far away. Preferably into the Allegheny River. However the electronic leash was only annoying at this moment because he had to get up. Well I pay the cost to be the boss, don't I? Rising and making his way to the shower in the en suite he took the opportunity to reflect on yesterday's events.

Although last night ended under questionable circumstances- that was a matter of perspective actually- Brian and Justin's ceremony was the stuff dreams were made of. Who knew Mr. Brian fucking (both the literal and figurative of fucking definitely applied here) Kinney had such romantic notions! When Brian had first come to him about the streetlight idea, he thought his friend had lost his damn mind. Who the hell does that? Brian fucking Kinney that's who! Then to see the pictures he'd taken of Justin and in turn the paintings revealing the purest nature of Brian that any of those attending had only caught minuscule glimpses of over the years was without a doubt enlightening and enchanting. Leave it to Brian and Justin to make their non-marriage ceremony the stuff of legends. The Stud and Twink King- practically royalty on Liberty Avenue and by all accounts Midtown Manhattan as well- were now well and truly joined. With or without a piece of paper, for better or worse Brian and Justin were hitched. And by the sounds of it coming through the walls as Emmett stood in the shower preparing for his day, they were especially glad to be so.

Oh to be in that room.... But then again Emmett had seen his fair share of the Brian and Justin Live Action Porn-a-thon many, many times as recently as last week. He shuddered to think of how Justin had gotten both legs behind his head like that or how much Brian had taken advantage of it after hours in his office. All he knew was that he would opt to sit in one of the office chairs the next time he was in Brian's office. As much as he admired that Italian sofa, it was no longer comfortable seating for Emmett Honeycutt.

"Emmett, if you don't come and stop Alicia Meyers from singing of how she loves the nightlife, she and your phone is going out the window, like now."

"Coming, Drewsie. I thought I turned it all the way off."

Emmett turned off the water almost reluctant to leave the bathroom since he'd been hearing the action going on in the next suite. Hearing the gasping moans he knew were Brian's and the alternating pleas and curses he knew were Justin, did not put him in a hurry to get dressed and go downstairs to work. But he had a job to do and that's why Brian and Justin hired him... because they knew Emmett was as dedicated to his business as they were to theirs. And right now, his business included preparing breakfast before they could start the prep for the reception. Fortunately, Darren was available so that he and Archie would take care a lot of the food prep for the afternoon and evening while Emmett did what he did best. Because of the snow the night before Emmett was glad he'd had the forethought to remodel the adjoining portion of Brian and Justin's garage not being used. Since Brian had given him carte blanche, Emmett had the space cleared and aired out and completely remodeled it into an additional lounge area that he was sure Brian and Justin would be making their own after the reception. He had floor to ceiling triple paned windows installed to keep the cold out but to provide a spectacular panoramic view of estate ending at the large private lake. He couldn't wait to see it in the spring and summer since during the winter it looked like the picturesque views of a ski resort. After adding seating and the hidden entertainment center, Emmett had recessed lighting installed which could be adjusted based on activity. Em chuckled to himself. Knowing those two the lights would stay off in favor of the fire place.

Putting the finishing touches on this work clothes, Emmett grabbed his cell and other necessary items so that he wouldn't have to come back to the room until it was time to get dressed for the party. He hurried downstairs and was relieved to find Anita already up and preparing coffee.

"Good morning, Mr. Honeycutt. I thought you could use a fresh-brewed cup seeming how today we will literally be running for our lives."

Emmett smiled before replying. "Now Anita, I thought we agreed no ‘Mr. Honeycutt' stuff. Just Emmett. Let my staff call me the whole mister thing. You and I are friends. Deal?"

"Deal...Emmett," Anita said in her deep southern accent. She had been Brian's housekeeper for the past seventeen years.

If anyone had earned the right to call him by his first name, it was Anita considering how many times she had cleaned up after both him and Brian in his early days of his stay in Pittsburgh. He'd partied just as hard as Brian in those days out of loneliness and depression although he hid it well behind his infamous flame. Brian had seen the nights where Emmett was afraid of what he might do to himself if he was left alone and although they didn't speak about it, Emmett owed Brian Kinney more than he could ever repay. So he was going to make it an event that Brian would always remember with fondness and that he would know he was loved- even if he loathed to hear it.

After taking a sip of his coffee he said, "Well Anita, my hetero domestic angel, I suppose we better get started before His Majesty and his Prince come down looking for food. I have it on good authority they might be... ravenous." He gave her a meaningful look and was surprised but delighted when she burst out laughing.

"Welcome to my world, Emmett. I suppose you have been privileged to the melodic sounds of Gasp and Groan Central?"

Emmett broke out into a wide grin. He'd just fallen in love with a woman. His daddy would have been so pleased. No matter that she was old enough to be his own mother. "Yeah, the natives were a bit restless this morning."

"Try every morning...and afternoon...and in between snacks. I've seen bunnies who mate less!" She chuckled but sobered quickly, leaving a wistful smile on her face. "But I supposed they've earned it especially after last night."

Em nodded. "Yeah especially after that. I suppose you know all about the history of Brian and Justin."

Anita frowned. "Yeah. I remember their break-up over that idiot who came here last night. That...Ian character. A really tough time for them both and not just because of Mr. Brian's seemingly thoughtless ways which wasn't always the case. There were times that Mr. Justin just needed a bit of reassurance- a little more than what Mr. Brian was able to show. They were both stupid. Mr. Brian was an idiot for not seeing the changes in Mr. Justin for himself instead of listening to Mr. Michael's opinion and Mr. Justin was dumb as hell for listening to all that damn violin music and the cat torturer who played it. Both young fools I tell you, Emmett! But I think Mr. Brian did a helluva job punching that slick one out. Part of me wishes he'd done a lot more."

"Me too, Anita but Brian probably would have really killed the guy. He's been stalking Justin pretty much since the week he's been back. Now I'm not one for violence but I am one for self-defense and the defense of those closest to me. Ethan Gold was asking for it." Emmett felt completely comfortable sharing tidbits of information with Anita. Truthfully, Brian and Justin needed all the allies they could get right now. Emmett thought of all they still faced plus the aftermath of Michael's machinations.

"When Mr. Justin went off to New York,Mr. Brian was so sad and pitiful although he hid it well. I'll never understand why it took them both so long but I guess every couple has to go through something to achieve happiness for themselves. It just seemed so unnecessary to me. In my day, you loved each other, you got married - end of story, no deposit no return. But these two and their pussyfooting around and sacrificing for no other reason than they're both idiots...oh, they really needed their asses whipped. Sorry Emmett." she said in her lilting Southern drawl, rolled her eyes in remembrance of their near-ten-year folly following Justin's departure.

Emmett burst out laughing at Anita's bluntness. At five-feet-nothing, he could completely picture her bullying Justin and Brian who would look like giants compared to her slight frame. "Don't worry, Anita. I've often had the same thoughts about my hard headed friends. But you have to understand, it was necessary to Justin and his own self-image. The situation with Michael and his shady behavior over the years didn't help matters. That mean ol' green-eyed monster has ridden Mr. Michael Charles Novotny hard over the years and in the end it may have cost him everything he was afraid of losing in the first place... Brian. The one thing no one can say about Justin Taylor, especially now, is that he was ever with Brian for any reason other than he loved him. And that fact alone makes me want to make this the most memorable time of their lives. They've overcome so much to get here."

The doorbell rang before Anita had a chance to respond. As she went to answer it, Emmett checked the supplies to make sure they had enough eggs to cover both breakfast and the preparation for the reception. He put a quick call to Darren to pick up more, opting to be safe than sorry.

"Good Morning, Emmett," Myrna said.

"Hey what are you doing here so early? And looking stunning by the way, Darling." He gestured to her red leisure suit. Against her salt-and-pepper hair and flawless makeup, Myrna Singleton looked every inch the high powered attorney on holiday.

"After last night's excitement, I thought that I'd better get here early. Besides, it was lonely in the guest house and Dawn and Henry were..."

"Saying ‘Good Moaning?'" He and she chuckled. "Trust me when I tell you much of the same was going on or should I say down when I left from upstairs." He was so glad that he and Myrna had hit it off the night before.

"I take it our newlyweds haven't emerged as of yet?" Myrna nodded her thanks to Anita as a cup of coffee was placed in front of her.

"No, not yet. I don't expect to see them- at least not Justin- until he smells bacon."

Both Anita and Myrna laughed. Justin was a bottomless pit when it came to food whereas Brian was still health-conscious.

Jennifer and Tuck were the next to make their way down to the kitchen to see if there was anything they could do to help. Amid coffee, cooking and conversation, all the occupants managed to get breakfast done, admit the other newcomers and discuss how they were going to handle the Michael situation.

"Ben, Debbie and Carl just left my house heading back to Pittsburgh before Troy and I came over," Daphne said. "He's still in denial of what his actions cost him."

Troy added, "I know that Ben said he was trying to call Brian last night after Daphne told him off. Is he always like that?"

"Obsessive? Whiny? Deflective?" Emmett asked. When Troy nodded, Emmett said, "Pretty much unfortunately. We all tried to warn him- even Debbie tried- but he wouldn't listen. I take it Daphne has laid out the entire situation for you. Please know that Brian and Justin wouldn't act as they did without good reason."

Troy smiled at Daphne who blushed in return. "Yeah, Daph explained all and honestly I don't blame Brian nor Justin for the way they responded. It sounded to me that it was long overdue although I can't figure out which was the worse offense."

There were murmurs of agreement from everyone. Daphne and Troy also filled them in on the other parts of the conversation that they weren't privy to, including Ben's plan to come back for the reception while Michael is supposed to be packing his things and finding a new place to live.

"It's a shame that it's coming to this," Lindsey said. "There's no way that Ben could-"

"No," Daphne said firmly. "Out of curiosity, have any of you besides Troy read the last issue of Rage yet?"

Lindsey answered first. "Melanie and I haven't read it but Justin warned us about it when he and Brian were in Toronto for his show last year."

Blake spoke for him and Ted. "Ted and I read it and I have to tell you, I was completely bothered by it. I couldn't figure out how Justin could draw that. Although as always the art was impeccable, it's no secret that the entire story was based on Brian and Justin and subsequently Michael and Ben. Teddy explained it all to me but I was still bothered."

"There was more to the idea than what appeared in that damned comic," Daphne said softly and vehemently. "The concept of the ending is what Michael has ultimately been waiting on."

"You mean for Ben... that's - that's-"

"Exactly, Blake. Last night was supposed to break Brian and Justin up for good and then it was a matter of just waiting for Ben. But the most important thing would have been that Justin was gone for good. Of course his plan backfired and instead of someone cleaning this up for him, he's got to do it himself. Debbie was even forced to see what she wasn't prepared to see and although I don't think she will stop trying, she really can't defend him this time for any of it. If I'm sad about anything, it's that her illusions about Michael have officially been shattered."

Jennifer said, "I feel bad for her as well, Daphne. I don't know how to help her with this without putting myself between my sons- for that's how I think of Brian as well as Justin- and Michael. Justin will forgive Michael although he will never forget or trust him again, if he ever did. But my concern is for my other son. Brian is a different matter altogether. He doesn't forgive nor forget easily if ever with anyone else but how will he handle this betrayal from Michael? It's not like the other times and it's not like their friendship was only a few years; it's been in existence for the better part of their lives. But this is more deep-rooted and it was directed solely toward Justin. As much as Brian and Justin have endured and are facing to be together, Michael gambled his and Brian's friendship thinking that it was stronger than the love Brian and Justin have for each other. How is Brian supposed to get over that? And how is Debbie going to cope with the fact that Brian and Michael will now be at odds? She's not going to be able to stay out of it no matter how wrong Michael was. I know I couldn't when Brian and Justin were at odds and I knew about it."

As predicted, Justin came running down the stairs at the smell of bacon cooking thereby effectively staving off any other conversation in regards to Michael and Ethan.

"Good morning, all," Justin said with his trademark mega-watt smile. Everyone couldn't help but smile back. He was practically glowing. "Breakfast almost ready?"

Emmett laughed as he handed Justin a fresh brewed cup of coffee. "Go sit your bubble-butt down. Breakfast will be finished momentarily. Where's the King?"

"Right here, Emmie Lou and I'm hungry." He grabbed Justin around the waist and planted a loud smacking kiss on his husband's lips. Releasing Justin, he grinned wide at the tell-tale blush gracing his cheeks.

"My God, haven't you two had enough?" Emmett asked causing everyone in the room to laugh. He handed Brian a cup of coffee as well.

"There's no such thing as enough especially with Justin. Isn't that right, Sunshine?"

Justin hid his answering smile behind his coffee cup but his bright eyes and flushed cheeks said it all. Emmett finished putting the finishing touches on breakfast and alongside Anita, handed food to the skeleton crew of servers from Em's catering company to place on the table. Conversation flowed around the table deliberately keeping from the most unsavory events of the previous evening. The pictures of Brian and Justin still surrounded the massive open area. Justin opted to sit next to Brian instead at the other end of the table. Everyone laughed and commented as Brian snatched a strawberry-topped piece of waffle off of Justin's plate.

"I don't know why you just don't get a waffle of your own, Brian. You know you want to and one isn't going to kill you," Lindsey said.

Ted joined in. "Justin's has to keep up his strength. Can't have him passing out from overexertion and malnutrition."

"That's why I'm stealing his food, Ted," Brian said sardonically. "I need the sugar to keep up with him."

"Don't worry, Old man, I'll take it easy on you next time," Justin countered.

"Twat," Brian said with obvious good-humor, pulling one of Justin's blond locks which fell over his shoulder. "You know you're going to pay for that later."

"Promise?" Justin tried to look innocent but the mischievous sparkle in his eyes wasn't missed by Brian or anyone else at the massive table.

Brian looked at the clock on the wall. "It's later."

Justin giggled and pushed his chair back as Brian pulled him up against him roughly. "See ya."

There was plenty of laughter and ribald humor as the newlyweds made a beeline for the stairs. About halfway up, Anita called out for Brian apologetically. Both Brian and Justin turned back reluctantly but by the tone in her voice it sounded important. As they approached her, they noticed two uniformed officers at the door with her,

"Forgive the interruption but I'm Officer Baker and this is Officer Prince. We're with the Washington County police department. Which one of you is Brian Kinney?"

Brian stepped forward but didn't let go of Justin's hand. He felt the slight tremble in his partner's hand and gave it a slight but reassuring squeeze and was gratified when he felt Justin squeeze back. "What can I do for you officers?" Brian asked, voice steady, strong and sure although he felt anything but.

At the mention of police, the assembled guests came running including Myrna and Melanie. It put him at his ease marginally but Officer Baker's next words spiked his anxiety again.

"We need you to come down with us to the station for questioning, Mr. Kinney."

Brian nodded. "I imagine this is about an incident which happened here at my home during my wedding last night. Why can't you just ask your questions here?"

"It's just routine, Mr. Kinney."

"Are you planning to arrest me?"

"As of right now, no."

"But?"

"The young man wants to press charges. He was pretty banged up."

"I barely touched that little fucker. You know what..." Brian huffed and pinched the bridge of his nose wondering when this nightmare would be over. "Fine I'll go down to the station and you can take my statement In the meantime, I'll be right back. Emmett, please get the officers some coffee. I won't be long."


Bursting into the room, Brian kissed Justin full and deep. Although he was outwardly calm, Brian was pissed and he was nervous. He replayed the entire episode in his mind while he kissed Justin. True, he'd lost control which is something he rarely did but he had good reason. That fucker had been stalking Justin for months and then showed up knowing that he would not be welcomed no matter that Michael told him he would. He deliberately baited Brian and he got what he deserved. But that still didn't mean that Brian acted correctly hence the arrival of police officers at his door. Now the asshole wanted to press charges.


"Brian, stop," Justin said between the hard kisses.

Brian didn't. He couldn't stop. Too many things and emotions were roiling through him. He pinned Justin's body against the closed door while entangling his fingers in the blond locks.

"Brian you have to calm down."

He couldn't no matter that he knew Justin was right. Brian had to regain control of himself and quickly. "Justin, I-"

‘I know, Brian but not like this."

"We don't have a lot of time."

"I know," Justin said gently and pushed against Brian so that he would look directly at him. Justin gave Brian a slight reassuring smile. "Look at this way. We haven't been to Babylon for awhile. Let's pretend this is the backroom."

Brian returned the smile and leaned in to kiss Justin passionately. If it was one thing they were expert at it was fucking on the run so to speak. Justin kissed Brian as he presented his back to him, placing his palms against the door. Brian left him there long enough to grab the necessary items. They dared not go near the bed otherwise they would be tempted to linger and Brian just wanted the whole nightmare over and done. "I won't be gentle right now Justin but I'll make it up to you I swear."

"Just hurry up, Brian. I'm still fucking horny from watching you steal my waffles." Justin added a small smile for reassurance but then grew serious again. "I don't want gentle; I want to fuck."


And he did. He wouldn't admit it to Brian but he was just as angry and scared, feeling responsible for all of it. In truth he felt like crying but when he had promised to be everything Brian needed being a ‘weak little faggot' was not part of the deal. So if a few moments of hard, almost brutal coupling would restore both of their calm, it would be worth the discomfort afterward. As predicted, ten minutes of fast and furious fucking took the edge off their anxiety. After a quick shower and a change of clothes for both, they descended the stairs just as they ascended- hand in hand. The entire room paused mid-conversation to gape at them because in spite of the circumstances, Brian and Justin looked poised and in full control of themselves. Standing together as they were, it was evident that nothing and no one would separate them again and all assembled saw it including the officers.


Emmett and company did an excellent job of giving the history of Brian and Justin, of all their struggles and sacrifices from the beginning so Officers Baker and Prince understood the situation as it were a little better. Both were loathe to have to continue the investigation but it was necessary as a formal complaint was being lodged as they stood in the Taylor-Kinney residence.

"Ready, gentlemen?" Brian asked.

The officers stepped forward in unison as the other occupants of the room crowded in behind them, each determined in their own way to make their support of the couple known. Brian turned to Justin making sure that he was okay with everything. They hadn't spoken after comforting each other and reaffirming their commitment no matter what was coming for them. Although Brian wasn't being formally charged as yet, it was important for them.

"I'm coming with you, " Justin said quietly.

"Avlossa is coming this afternoon. You have to be here in my stead in case I'm not back. One of the heads of the company should be here, both yours and mine."

"Brian, are we back to horses and dogs again?" Justin asked shaking his head. There was no way Justin was going to sit idly and obediently like a dog when told while Brian got to be the heroic stallion riding off to fend for himself. They were equals period so if Brian was going to have to deal with the mess Justin had made long ago, then the creator of said mess would be there too. "Fortunately, Cynthia and Lindsey are here and they are for all intents and purposes, acting heads of our companies inour absence. So, I can either follow you in my car now or you can cause an unnecessary scene later and still not have your way. But make no mistake Mr. Kinney, I will be there."

Officer Baker, who had heard the exchange and nearly chuckled out loud as he watched the storm brewing between the two men, spoke quickly. "Mr. Kinney, it's okay if Mr. Taylor-Kinney follows behind in his car. Truthfully we would need his statement and it will save us time in the end."

Brian noted the smug smile on Justin's face and muttered a single word, "Twat," which caused Justin to smile brightly in response.

"Yours though," he responded.

"Yeah, mine, Sunshine. All mine," Brian confirmed and placed a brief kiss on Justin's hand entwined with his own. Even though he much preferred to keep Justin as far away from this as possible, he knew the officers were right since this concerned Justin just as much as it did him. Again he wondered if the Ethan Gold saga of their lives would ever end. Sighing deeply he said, "Let's get this over with."


As Brian left in the company of the officers, Justin gave last minute instructions to Emmett, Cynthia and Lindsey. All assured him that by the time they got back, things would be well in hand if not completely in readiness. Justin asked that both Myrna and Melanie accompany him to the station much to the surprise of the latter.

"Justin, I'm not re-qualified to practice law in the State yet," Melanie protested not a little bit nervous.

He nodded. "Let me ask you something, Mel. Has any of your basic knowledge left such as the grounds of which a person can defend themselves within their home of an uninvited guest?"

"No it hasn't but as you know that kind of law varies from state to state."

"That's what I thought but whereas Myrna is well-versed in New York law and some of Pennsylvania law in reference to our business, I would wager that although you may be unsure of yourself right now, you still remember everything you learned about Criminal Law. So I'm asking and yes invoking the family card, to come with me. No doubt you and Brian have had your differences just as you and I have but one thing you cannot disagree with was what happened last night on all counts."

She nodded. Honestly, she was as concerned as anyone else and hearing what Michael had been up to over the years regarding Brian and Justin, didn't make her feel any better. These two had it coming from all fronts and she was sorry that she'd had a hand in it unknowingly or not. But what she and the rest had witnessed last night before the incident was solid and true. Watching her nemesis of many years take the final step in publicly claiming Justin in the most heartfelt way had shed new light on who Brian really was underneath his asshole exterior. Their union was definitely worth preserving. And she would do whatever she could to protect it. "Okay, I'll do it. Myrna, do you have access to everything financial in case we need it? I know Justin has it too but if he's busy being interrogated, it won't be readily available."

"Sure do, Melanie," Myrna said. "And for the record, thank you. I'm a damn good attorney in my own right but I don't like not knowing the lay of the land. It gives me comfort to know that you'll be there."


Justin smiled at the exchange. He secretly worried that the ever territorial Myrna would have taken issue with him asking Melanie along. He turned his attention to his agent. "Henry, I need you and Amy to do what you both do best and back Lindsey up there are going to be a lot of people here that Brian and I know personally and professionally. As you know, this is a reception but it is also the first meeting of Avlossa Creations who will be staying with us instead of in a hotel until the meeting on Tuesday morning. You and Ted know all the specifics of the accounts but more than that, they are to be treated as honored guests. I have met the ladies who own the company briefly when I was in Rochester a few months ago and although very attractive, they are also very goal-oriented. Vanguard will have done their best by them in hospitality, if not in presentation. We're more of a family atmosphere here at Chez Taylor-Kinney so that is what I am requesting for you- all of you in fact- to do. It's not to woo their business, Brian nor I are particularly over concerned. However, we never want to appear stand-offish to any of our clients or potential clients. Amy, Lindz and Cynthia are both well-versed in answering the personal questions about Brian and I as I'm sure they'll have plenty. However, you have been with me basically since the beginning of JT Designs. If any questions should come up about that, I know you'll be able to provide that information. Dawn, I know you're a huge fan of the company. Try not to shop too much," he said causing everyone to laugh. "On a serious note, you're my distributor so between you and Henry if any questions come up about the artwork from anyone during the party- do what you do. I don't want today to become a corporate party no matter how inevitable that may seem. Brian and I have waited too long and struggled too much not to be able to enjoy our family and friends without contracts being the main focus but it's bound to happen."

"Justin we have to go," Melanie pointed out.

He nodded. "One more thing. Lindsey, I don't know if Gus told you but he has a female friend coming. Her parents will be with her." He smiled at her slight gasp confirming that Gus had neglected that piece of information. "Time to go back to training at the WASP nest not the lioness camp, okay?"

She smiled in return at the fact that he'd picked the thought right out of her head at the news. "I'll try to remember my manners although you and Brian have some explaining to do later."

"Sweetheart, don't worry," Jennifer said. "I'm sure we'll all help Lindsey through it. Lord knows I've had my share of surprises regarding my own son."

Justin smiled that mega-watt smile remembering the first time Jenn had discovered that he was gay and Brian was his lover. "And look how well I turned out." He wiggled his eyebrows.


Justin, Myrna and Melanie left Britin, promising to check in as soon as they knew what the situation was.