Author Q&A featuring addicted-to-romione-bedward by Vic1, addict_writer
FeatureSummary:

imageedit_7_8887823663.jpg

Welcome to the Kinnetik Dreams Featured Author Q&A. This month's author is addicted-to-romione-bedward. Come on in and find out all about this wonderful fanfic writer!


Categories: KD Author Interviews Characters: None
Tags: None
Genres: None
Pairings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1075 Read: 1552 Published: Oct 20, 2016 Updated: Oct 20, 2016
Author Q&A featuring addicted-to-romione-bedward by Vic1

When did you start writing fanfic? What motivated you to start writing?

This is an interesting story. I first discovered the wonderful world of fanfiction through fanficiton.net at the “fragile” age of 17. I was (and still am) obsessed with Harry Potter. This happened sometime around 2005 (I think?). I finally created my user name on August 24, 2006 (I have 10 years since I joined this magic world known as fanfiction). I made a great friend from Canada (who I sadly lost touch over the years) and she had these amazing ideas, awesome stories about the HP world. One night, while we chatted, I came up with an idea, and we wrote it down, but it never saw the light of day.

A few years later, I discovered Twilight. Now, I was a little bit older and with many books and stories read, so I decided why not? when an idea hit me. And that is how I started writing fanfiction.

A few more years had to pass and several other fandoms until I stumbled upon Queer as Folk. Already knowing all about the fan fiction world, it was easy to start writing Britin.

Have you written for other fandoms? If so, which ones?

Like I mentioned above, yes, for several other fandoms actually: Harry Potter, Twilight, Spartacus, The Mortal Instruments.

What do you do when you are not writing or reading fics?

Sadly, I'm mostly at work. I work crazy hours and when I'm off, I'm either sleeping or catching up with friends. I try to stay tuned to my other passions: football (soccer for my American friends) and Formula 1.

What is your favorite QAF fanfic story?

There are so many I love, I don't even know what to say. If I really have to choose, I'd choose ebbj9891's stories. She wrote this whole series called In Quest Of Something that takes place after season 5. She's only on archiveofourown.org, but she's an amazing writer. I even wrote one two-shot (Hanging in Limbo) in collaboration with her.

What is your favorite story that you have written?

Ah, the narcissistic side of me has to decide only on one story? Between my multiple chapters stories, I'm oscillating between The Intruder and New York State of Mind; and in between my one-shots, I think my best work is Happiness, and a close second comes Sweet Dreams.

Do you remember the first QAF fanfic that you read?

I had to look through the reviews I left around to make sure I had the fact correct. The first stories I've read that made an impression are: The Face of God by QaFfangirl in June 2014 and Bless the Beasts and the Children by Predec2 in July 2014.

Who is your favorite character to write about? Who is your least favorite character to write about?

Hmm, a tough one. My favorites are Brian and Justin, of course. If I have to choose between them? I guess it's Justin. He's easier to figure out, rather than Brian's complex persona. I also love writing about and including relationship bonding between these two and people like Daphne, Emmett, or Debbie.

Least favorite? Can I say Brian without anyone attacking me? Haha! Like I said above, it's difficult to figure out things about Brian, especially when writing canon and trying to guess stuff about his past that turned him into who he is today. But in all honesty, I seriously hate writing about Hobbs, Craig, and Brian's parents. See a pattern there?

Who are some of your favorite authors?

Why choose? There are so many amazing people out there. If I forget anyone, I didn't mean it. Here goes:  ebbj9891,  Predec2,  Sevenwildwaysup, Tagsit,  confused_bliss, Techgirl, Annie-Eliza, Frayach, elyxer… to name only a few.

What is your favorite genre to write?

Drama, angst, humor. I touch a lot of genres in my stories. In my opinion, a story isn't complete and it doesn't keep the reader interested if there isn't some angst or drama.

Do reviews motivate you? If not, what is your prime motivation to write?

Oh, yes! I love reviews, like most of the writers. It's sad that not many people leave reviews, but this isn't something we can control. At least, I know they read and enjoy by the number of hits a story gets, or how many favorites it gets.

Is there anything about your writing you don't like or wish you could do better?

Sometimes, I tend to ramble a lot and get way off the subject, but like a good little hoarder that I am, I can't delete anything. I seldom delete sentences or pages when I don't like what came out of my brain. I tend to work with that and change bits and pieces to adjust it to the story I'm writing.

I wish I could use fancy words and write as eloquently as many, but to me most of my stuff looks like child's play in comparison to other fanfic authors out there.

Any advice to other writers or newer writers out there?

Always, always have someone look over what you wrote before posting. Then re-read it for yourself. You'll be amazed that every time you read the chapter or story you find new mistakes. It's unnerving.

If you want to write a multiple chapters story, write it all before you start posting; you never know what may happen in real life to keep you on hold or busy for indefinite periods of times. Your readers will expect an update, if you get them used to a posting schedule.

What's your writing process? i.e. Do you outline an entire series before starting, or just start writing and see where it takes you?

I try to outline the story, but it never works. If I have ideas for let's say the middle of the story, or the end of it, I write those down, and a few other random ideas, but I usually go with the flow.

What new stories or projects do you have in the works?

I have 50+ stories started that may or may not see the light. The genres are all different, as well as the categories. I only have to decide which story calls for me at the moment, so I'll focus on that one and finish it, then post.

Until then, I still have to wrap up New York State of Mind, along with the spin-offs for it.

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=472