Taxi to New York by MissMerlot
FeatureSummary:

After Brian and Justin cancel the wedding, Lindsay and Michael try to persuade, or some would say bully, Justin into going and taking his chance in New York. Unfortunately for them, Brian has his own Cyrano to help him and Justin get to where they need to be.

**Now Complete**

 


Categories: QAF US, Reader's Choice Award Characters: Ben Bruckner, Blake Wyzecki, Brandon, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Daphne Chanders, Debbie Novotny, Drew Boyd, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, James 'Hunter' Montgomery, Jennifer Taylor, Jenny Rebecca Marcus-Peterson, Justin Taylor, Leda, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Other Cast Regulars, Ted Schmidt, Tucker
Tags: 100k+ Word Count, Anal Sex (Lots of it!), Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, Bottom Brian, Business Brian, Established Relationship, Orgasm Delay/Denial, Post-series, Raw Sex, Rimming, Toppy Justin, Vulnerable Brian, Wedding
Genres: Alternate Canon, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Could be Canon, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Porny, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Debbie/Carl, Melanie/Lindsay, Michael/Ben
Challenges: None
Series: Taxi to New York
Chapters: 88 Completed: Yes Word count: 298393 Read: 750827 Published: May 25, 2017 Updated: Nov 02, 2017
His Version of the Truth and They See Reality by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 13 – HIS VERSION OF THE TRUTH AND THEY SEE REALITY

 

INTERVIEW ROOM

 

MICHAEL

 

Shit! I had no idea that Eli had made a statement that Mel would see! “Can you show that to me?”

 

“No. Start talking!” She sits back, taking the statement out of reach.

 

“Okay, I did call him that but I was so upset over what he was doing. He had his hustler friend over there and they had clearly just finished doing something. I wanted to go inside and check what he’d done but he took off with his friend; Eli wasn’t listening to me. Eli just over reacted…”

 

“But why was the locksmith called?”

 

“I didn’t want Hunter to get back in to mess up the house and to collect some things.”

 

“Why would Hunter mess up the house?” She demands.

 

“I don’t know. But he’s not explained why he’s come home and he got to Ben before I could ask him.”

 

“How did he get to Ben? You’re not making sense. I thought you were out of the house before Hunter turned up.”

 

Fuck!

 

“No, I wasn’t. But then the longer he stayed, the worse Ben treated me.”

 

“Okay. Right, what I need to do is speak to Hunter and Ben about them pressing charges.”

 

“What do you mean?” I demand, my heart sinking. I thought I could just leave.

 

“Attempted breaking and entering is a felony. And according to the police, they believe that’s what you did. Right come on, hopefully we can get the bail set this evening.”

 

Bail?!

 

HEAVENLY RETREATS, JENNIFER’S SUITE – SAME TIME

 

JENNIFER

 

I can’t help the smile on my face. Brian and Justin came back a couple of hours ago and have been dozing on the sofa ever since. They look so at peace now. I signal Emmett and we get the blanket from the bedroom and cover them. They don’t even stir.

 

Ruth jerks her head and we make our way out of the room. I pray that they don’t do what they did a few months ago. No mother wants to see her son doing that! Especially when he was biting on one of her brand new silks cushions in an effort to keep quiet!

 

BAR

 

“So Ruth, can you show me where they will get married?” I ask and Emmett is practically hopping up and down.

 

“Yeah.” She grabs her pad and shows us the grounds. “I think they would like this. It’s quiet right at the back and then they can have the reception in the garden with a marquee. It should be warm enough.”

 

“Hey Ruth.” I turn round to the sound of a rich deep voice and just stare.

 

“Sweets! How you doing?!” She squeals and pulls him into a hug. “When the hell did you get home?!”

 

“A couple of days back.” He looks around the group. “So who do we have here? Specifically, right here?” He asks, smiling at me and I go red.

 

“Jennifer, this is Tucker. Tucker, this is Jennifer.”

 

“Ben? Is that you?” We all turn around again.

 

“Carmine?” Ben smiles but not as much as Hunter does, who actually does a double take.

 

Ruth and Emmett exchange looks and giggle. “What’s so funny?” Ben asks.

 

“Come to the bar and I’ll explain.” She takes one arm and Emmett takes the other.

 

“So what happened to your arm?” Tucker asks, helping me into a seat.

 

“I smacked into something very hard and but inconsequential. Unfortunately, this was the result.”

 

“And you came out on the winning side?” He smiles when I nod and I smile back.  “Good to know, I like the look of the winning side.”

 

I can’t think of a thing to say except a polite and embarrassed thank you.

 

DEBS & CARL’S HOUSE – LATE EVENING

 

BEDROOM

 

DEBS

 

Where is he?! I’ve done nothing to but check my phone and the street for signs of life.  Please now that I’ve pulled my head out of my ass, don’t let anything have happened to him!

 

The front door opening has me rushing down the stairs. “Where have you been?! I’ve been worried sick!” I pull him into my arms and check him at the same time.

 

“Sorry honey, I should have called but I had a couple of idiots to deal with.  Then I heard about Michael.” He tells me.

 

“What about him?” I sit down slowly

 

“He got himself arrested and I had to find out everything before I told you. He turned up at his former marital home and tried to get the locks changed. Before that, he was insulting to Hunter.”

 

“Hunter? Locks changed? I don’t understand.” I stammer.

 

“Ben and Hunter, not sure which, had the locks changed. Michael called a locksmith to get in by claiming he had jammed his key in the lock. But there was no key in there, so he was arrested. He’s been granted bail, which Mel paid for him.” He clears his throat and sits down taking my hand. “He has to pay that back to her. I can’t begin to tell you how…”

 

“Oh God, Carl no! I’ve helped him enough. He’s on his own! Now come on, let me make you some hot milk and you can tell me about the other idiots you have to deal with.”

 

MEL & LINDSAY’S HOUSE

 

BEDROOM

 

LINDSAY

 

I just don’t understand! “Why didn’t he call Brian?! He has the money as you keep pointing out!” I hiss at Mel.

 

“He never said and I never asked…”

 

“Well, why didn’t you call Brian?!”

 

“Because I wasn’t the one in fucking trouble, remember?! Besides I couldn’t leave him there, could I?!” She hisses back.

 

“How much was it? His bail, I mean?”

 

“$2500.” She replies and I gasp, not because of the amount of the bail but that she had that amount of money on hand in the first place! “And before you say anything, he’s promised to pay it back tomorrow.”

 

“How?” I demand.

 

“Again, didn’t say and didn’t ask but I will get it back no matter how much he tries to get out of it!” She growls before reaching over and snapping off the light, leaving me sitting in the dark.

 

NEXT MORNING

 

MEL

 

I head downstairs and sigh. I know that he’s having problems but I can’t stand the mess that he leaves in his wake. I stalk over, pull back the quilt and shake his shoulder.

 

“Wh-what is it?” He mumbles.

 

“Come on. Get up, tidy up and go use the bathroom. We need to speak to Ben and Hunter.  And you need to give me my money back.” I order, brusquely.

 

“Why do we need to speak to them?” He mutters, pulling the quilt back over his head.

 

“To get them to drop the charges, of course! And you need to go the bank!”

 

He stares at me for a few long seconds before getting up and heading upstairs.

 

“Hey Michael, how you feeling?” I hear Lindsay ask. I don’t bother to listen to his response.

 

“Mel?” Lindsay calls out.

 

“Dining room.” I call back and start to gather my papers.

 

“Mel, without blowing up... where did the money from Michael’s bail come from?”

 

“My savings. Where did you think it came from?” I flick through the papers and then get them in order.

 

“So you’ve been keeping money from me?!” She whispers harshly.

 

“No! I’ve always had those savings and well you know it. But this was an emergency and before you ask, yes there is more in there but no, I am not using it to support us because of your fuck up.”

 

I grab my briefcase and shout up to Michael to hurry up!

 

LINDSAY

 

It takes another 30 minutes for Mel and Michael to leave and I’m still seething. I grab my phone and stomp to the window then wait for the call to be connected.

 

“May I speak to Brian please? It’s Lindsay Peterson.” I wait for what feels like 10 minutes and am about to hang up when she finally connects me to him. “Brian hi…oh Justin?! I’d like to speak to Brian please? In a meeting? Do you know how long he will be? All morning, well can you give him a message to call me back? Thank…”   I stare at the phone as he hangs up before I could finish. Well I’m not having that!

 

I send a carefully worded text to Brian and wait. True to form, he responds. I smile smugly and then my face falls as I read what it says… He’s still in a meeting Lindsay, I’ll make sure he reads your previous missive immediately. Yours Justin.

 

Missive!  Fucking missive?!

 

BEN & HUNTER’S HOUSE

 

LOUNGE

 

HUNTER

 

I am so happy, I can come home!  I had a great evening and have printed out the transfer forms.  Dad has gone for his jog and it’s time for me to have a nice shower.  Half an hour later, I come downstairs and make myself some breakfast. I had sent Ruth a text about my temporary job and we’re going to be meeting later. I go back to completing the forms and get lost in my happiness at being able to come home!

 

Two hours later, everything is done and dad comes back in holding a piece of paper. “Have you been out?”

 

“No, been sorting out the papers. Why?” He hands me the paper and it’s from Mel, asking us to contact them with regards to the charges levied against Michael.

 

“What do you want to do?” Dad sits down. “Taking out the emotional side of it, what do you want to do?”

 

I sigh and sit down to think. “This could ruin everything for him, couldn’t it?”  Dad nods. “But I don’t think he should get away with what he tried to do. If he had gotten in, then you can bet that we would be out. And you can bet anything that he would press charges if it was the other way round. So yeah I do, I do want to press charges. What I don’t understand is why Mel is helping him.”

 

“Neither do I. But let me get… Oh for fuck sake!  I know why Mel is helping him!  He’s most probably lied!  Again! Okay, we have to go the station and make it official. Then we go and see Mel and Lindsay.”

 

KINNETIC – AN HOUR LATER

 

MEL

 

We haven’t got very far today. Ben and Hunter were out when we called round and Michael has only given me $500 of the money he owes me. And even that was like getting blood out of a stone!  But as loathed as I am to do this, we’re here to speak with Brian. I need to have that money back.

 

“Oh, this is ridiculous!” Michael gripes as the receptionist heads somewhere else. “Come on, I know the way!”

 

“Of course you do.”  I mutter as I follow him, still in awe at what Brian’s accomplished

 

Suddenly I recognise the paintings, especially the one outside Brian’s office. They are all mostly Justin’s!

 

I can’t understand why Michael has come to a stop...  And then I hear the groan.  I look across the room and Brian and Justin are on the sofa. While I’ve seen Brian in all his glory, I’ve never seen Justin. And my, oh my, has he been blessed!  They are locked onto each other’s eyes and I watch incredulously as Brian lowers himself down, while biting his lip. They kiss passionately before Brian sits back up and starts to ride that cock horse to Banbury Cross!

 

I’ve seen enough and before Michael can say anything, I pull him out of the office and push him in front of me, closing the door quietly.

 

“Michael, what are you doing here?” Ted calls out but Michael doesn’t respond. “Mel, what’s happened?”

 

“Michael needed to speak to Brian but he was otherwise engaged.”  I chuckle.

 

Ted rolls his eyes with a smile. “Yes, Justin has been here most of the day.  Don’t think I’ve ever seen a pitch wrapped up so quickly!”

 

“Why?” Michael suddenly asks.

 

“Because he’s the head of the Art Department and owns 50% of the business.” Ted explains with a frown before his watch beeps. “Well excuse me, I have another meeting.  See you on Sunday.”

 

“Wait Ted, what’s happening on Sunday?”  I call out.

 

“Usual dinner at Debs and Carl’s, remember?” He calls back and is gone.

 

“When the fuck did that shit happen?!”  Michael snaps storming out.

 

MEL & LINDSAY’S HOUSE – EARLY EVENING

 

LINDSAY

 

It has been a long fucking day! Gus has been a bit of brat but mercifully, JR was with her grandmother. After I managed to persuade Debs to take her, that is. She’s on her way back now and Brian finally called me back and said they will come over after work.

 

I was supposed to do dinner but I’ve ordered take-out. I’m so tired but determined to speak to Brian alone! Michael has been sitting on the sofa in some kind of a stupor and I can’t seem to get him to speak.

 

“Mel, can you get that please?!”  I call out.

 

“No. Again, I’m busy prepping for tomorrow! Get Michael to do it. He’s done nothing but sit on the sofa since he’s got back!”

 

Michael stumbles to the door and finds his arms full of JR, who is screaming the place down.  Oh great!  Just what I fucking need!

 

“She needs changing!” Debs shouts over the din. “See you guys later!”

 

“Debs!” I rush to the door and she stops.  Can you…”

 

“No, I can’t look after her for you. I’ve got extra shifts to cover. And now a couch to scrub!”  She laughs. “She takes after her father, carrots go straight through her!”

 

“Ma!” Michael calls out. “I need to talk to you about…”

 

“And the answer will be no to that too!” She retorts sharply before stopping to sweep a surprised Hunter into a hug and a cheek smacking kiss. “Honey, you and I need to have a chat. Come round for dinner on Sunday you two, no arguing!”

 

Hunter looks like he’s blinking back tears as he just nods and follows Ben inside.

 

Just as I was about to close the door, I see the Daimler pull up and Brian and Justin get out. They both give Ruth a hug and she gets back in the car and drives off.

 

What’s going on there?

 

It seems that everything is arriving at once as the take-out guy arrives next. I take my time going for my purse until the guy gets a bit antsy. Grumbling, I pay him and shut the door firmly.

 

“Well there’s a lot more people than I expected for dinner.”   I sigh.

 

“We’re not staying for food.”  Ben tells me but there’s something sharp about his tone.

 

“Did you get something in the mail Ben?” Michael snarks.

 

“Yes an interesting note was hand delivered, while Hunter was sorting out his transfer forms…”

 

“Transfer forms?”  Michael looks confused.

 

“None of your concern.  But this is your concern.  Yes Michael, we will be pressing charges against you.”

 

“WHAT?!”  Michael explodes and of course that wakes up JR much to Mel’s annoyance.

 

“Lindsay, can you deal with her please?”

 

“Why can’t you do it?” I demand.

 

“Fine, you can explain the legal intricacies to Michael then.”  She stares balefully at me.

I head upstairs swallowing down the bile of annoyance!

 

MEL

 

“Guys, I don’t understand why you are doing this?”  I say wearily.

 

“What exactly did Michael tell you happened when he tried to get into the house? Actually, let me try that again... what did Michael tell you he said at the party?” Ben asks, glaring at Michael, who turns tearfully to him.

 

“Ben, please don’t do this? It will ruin everything for me.”

 

“Mel, what did he tell you happened?” Ben repeats.

 

“He told me that Hunter had some friends over and he wanted to make sure that he wasn’t using the house for something bad. And to collect some things.”  I reply.

 

“And the party?” He keeps pressing this. Why?

 

“He never said.” I admit. “I did ask him at the time, but he said that Brian just over reacted to something he said.   But they made up fairly…”

 

“Ask him now?” Ben demands.

 

“So, shall we eat now? I don’t know about anyone else but I’m starving.”  Lindsay swans in.

 

“Mel, can you ask him?”  He tries again.

 

“Whoa big guy.”  Brian interjects and Ben seems to relax a bit, much to my surprise. “Michael, what Ben is trying to point out to you is that Justin knows what you said.”

 

“How?” His voice is sharp and glares at Ben.  Tears have gone I notice!

 

“I told him.”  Brian replies squeezing Justin’s hand.

 

“Okay stop this. Will someone just tell me what Michael said?!”  I snap.

 

“Brian should’ve left me to die after the prom.” Justin answers.

 

“ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!”  I yell, standing up striding across the room and slapping Michael hard across the face. “Out!  Out of my fucking house NOW!”

 

He clutches his cheek and gasps in shock.

 

“Mel!” Lindsay shrieks. “While I don’t condone what Michael said, he’s still our… oh who the fuck is it this time?!”

 

“We’ll get it on our way out!” Hunter snarls, clearly he hadn’t been told this either. “I can’t bear to be in the same room as him!”

 

“Guys!  Let me at least call Ruth or Carmine please?!” Justin calls out. They stop and Ben looks at Hunter, who nods. “Go and sit in the kitchen until she comes, yeah?”

 

“Justin, could you get the door please?” Lindsay sits down, looking pale.

 

“No. You get it; it’s your house.” Justin retorts and settles back down next to Brian.

 

“I’ll get it!” I snap as the doorbell goes again.

 

MICHAEL

 

I look across at them. “So how long is this going to last?” I ask quietly rubbing my cheek.

 

“What are you talking about now, Michael?” Brian sighs as Boy Wonder checks his phone.

 

Since when does he sigh when I speak?

 

“You two.”

 

“As long as we want it to.” Brian replies before looking over Boy Wonder’s shoulder.  “No absolutely not! I am not doing that.”

 

“But…” He pouts.

 

“No.”

 

“Trouble in paradise.” I snicker.

 

“Yes, but in a nice way. He wants to try a tantric massage and I’m putting up a very small fight…”

 

“Really?!  We can do this?”

 

“Of course we can! It’s an erotic massage for fuck sake!”

 

“Erotic massages, getting married, whatever will you do next? Do it raw?”  I can't keep the bitterness out of my voice.

 

“Raw?!” Lindsay gasps. “Brian would never do that!”

 

“Why not?”  Brian asks her.

 

“Because it goes against everything you’ve championed!”  I point out

 

“People change.”  Brian replies.

 

“As you noticed when you stood gaping at the door with Mel earlier.”  Boy Wonder glares at me.   “Watching him bottom from the top must have hurt but watching him do it raw and with me must have ripped your guts.”

 

I knew there was something off about that!  Raw!!

 

“What? What on earth are you talking about?” Lindsay bristles.

 

“You were in my office and you watched us?!” Brian snarls at me. “You aren’t allowed in my office, Michael! How many fucking times do I need to tell you that?!”

 

“I needed to talk to you!” I protest and want to punch Boy Wonder as hard as Brian hit me at the party.

 

“Lindsay? It’s Sidney and he wants to talk to you.”  Mel says as she opens the door.

 

“Sidney! How are you?” She smiles and gets up to greet him.

 

“Furious!” He snaps. “Justin, I am so sorry about this but I got curious about the Rathman Showing and looked through the paperwork. You did sign the submission form…”

 

“I believe you said you didn’t do that?” I taunt Boy Wonder. Not a flicker from Brian. Seriously?! What the fuck is going on here?!

 

“Excuse me, sir whomever you are, let me finish! While he signed it, he also crossed it through afterwards. Making the contract null and void. Someone then took the form and amended it. And that someone could only have been you, Lindsay.”

 

“Why would you do that?”  Mel asks.

 

Lindsay looks horrified. “I didn’t do this!” She asserts. “Now Sidney…”

 

“Lindsay. You did do this!  We are the only people who have access to the contracts.  And for that, I have no other choice but to fire you. You have committed an egregious act of dereliction of duty and gross moral misconduct by submitting an artist’s work without his permission. That’s why we have contracts! Do not ask for a reference; you won’t get one. Good night all.”

 

MEL

 

I look at my wife and the father of my child and all I feel is revulsion. For what he said and for what she did, the purpose was the same… to hurt Brian, who is supposed to be their best friend.  Michael’s always had a problem with Justin but to say that.  And Lindsay can dress it up as much as she want saying she was helping his career, I know her.  And because of her entrenched bitchiness and jealousy she’s been fired; all because she tried and ultimately failed to get Justin to leave him!

 

“Get out.” I sigh and everyone turns to look at me. “I need space and I can’t have that with the two of you in here.”

 

“Mel, who are you talking to?” Justin asks.

 

“Michael and Lindsay. Get out of my house. Get out of my house now!  I can’t bear the sight of you.  GET THE FUCK OUT!”

 

“Mel?!” They both shout back.

 

“I want you both gone. Lindsay, I shall start to pack for you!  And by pack I mean I shall start throwing your things down the stairs!”

 

“You wouldn’t dare!” She unwisely challenges me.

 

“Watch me and get ready to catch!” I run up the stairs and it’s only when her suitcase hits the wall, she realises just how serious I am!

 

 

 

End Notes:

Pleaase review kindly and constructively.  Thank you.

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1013