The Happy Day by Neverbreeze
Summary:

The wedding day is here but someone is less than happy. Oneshot.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Brian Kinney, Debbie Novotny, Drew Boyd, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Jennifer Taylor, Jenny Rebecca Marcus-Peterson, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Michael Novotny
Tags: Wedding
Genres: Humor
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1183 Read: 1620 Published: Sep 09, 2017 Updated: Sep 09, 2017
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by Neverbreeze

Chapter 1 by Neverbreeze

“If anyone objects to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace,” the minister said.

Justin looked lovingly at his soon-to-be husband. It had taken a lot to get them to this point. Even today they ran into issues. Poor Gus vomited all over his mother’s dress and his tux. Gus was the ringbearer after all, they had to have him. Thankfully, Lindsay still had several dresses appropriate for weddings, seeing her sister was on her fifth or sixth. Gus was quickly changed into his spare tux, only Brian’s seven-year-old could have a spare tux.

His husband-to-be gave him a devilish smirk, Justin couldn’t help but blush. It was happening, it was finally happening.

“I OBJECT!”

Justin closed his eyes, he should have guessed. Leave it to Michael Novotny to ruin their wedding day.

“Michael Charles Novotny, you sit down right now. I can’t believe you’re trying to ruin their wedding,” Debbie shrieked at her son.

“I will not sit down. This is a travesty. It’s wrong. They shouldn’t be getting married.”

“Michael, sit down,” Lindsay hissed loudly.

“NO!”

Justin saw his cousins stand up, ready to remove Michael. He could just picture his cousin Tanner carrying a screaming Michael out of the church.

“We should just go,” Ben said, standing up.

As he went to grab Michael, the smaller man ducked out of his grasp and ran up the aisle.

“You two can’t get married, I can’t be silent anymore.”

Justin snorted. “Please, Michael, you’ve never been silent. You’ve tried to break us up more than once. We didn’t even invite you. We invited Ben and he brought you,” Justin snapped.

The minister shifted uncomfortably. Justin could feel the mixture of anger and unease in the crowd.

“You didn’t invite me because you shouldn’t be marrying him. He deserves better,” Michael said, gesturing wildly.

“Drew, Ben, please remove Michael from the church,” Jennifer, his mother, said. She looked to be on his last nerve but still as polite as ever. Very WASPish, Brian would say.

That was when the wedding went from ruined to a damned circus. Michael started running like a mad man. He ran around the pews, the alter, even jumped on the choir stand. Ben and Drew chased after him, but Michael was surprisingly fast. Justin thought it was because how big the other two men were compared to Michael, he could get places they had trouble with. Justin’s cousins gave chases too.

“I chase Daddy, too,” Jenny Rebecca, dressed in her flower girl dress, yelled before giving chase.

“Someone just clothesline him,” Molly, Justin’s sixteen-year-old sister, growled. She had their father’s forehead, it looked like she was going to have a blood vessel pop.

 

“I’m so sorry,” Debbie said, leaving her seat and coming to awkwardly hug him.

“AHH!!!!”

Justin looked and saw between Ben and his cousin Jonah, they had caught Michael.

“NO! They can’t get married. Justin doesn’t love him like he should be loved,” Michael screeched as Ben threw him over his shoulder.

“He’s right, Sunshine, you don’t.”

Everyone in the church seemed to freeze, Justin included.

“Brian,” Justin said breathlessly.

Standing there in front of the double doors was Brian. Justin hadn’t seen the man who had stolen his heart at seventeen in a year. After moving to New York, Brian stopped answering his calls. The family were always hesitant to talk about him, other than saying he was alright. Justin didn’t need to be a genius to know that meant; Brian was through with him. He had done what killed his heart to do, he sent Brian back his ring.

A few months later, he met Austin. Austin was sweet, gorgeous and as his mother said, ‘age appropriate’. She had loved Brian but didn’t want Justin to close himself off to new relationships. In his grieving of his dead relationship with Brian, he somehow fell in love again.

After two months, Austin proposed, Justin turned him down. Two months later, Justin proposed. Sure, it wasn’t the soul-consuming, kind of love he had with Brian. But Brian didn’t want him anymore. At least that’s what he thought. But that didn’t explain why the man in question was there now.

“Brian, you made it!” Michael yelled happily. He was still hanging over Ben’s broad shoulder and back.

“I told you to stall, Mikey. Not get yourself committed for psychiatric care.

“You told him to stall?” Justin asked, incredulous.

“I wouldn’t have had to if you and everyone here would have told me you were getting married today. I only found out yesterday, thanks to Mikey. It’s taken a lot to get everything in order.”

“To get what in order?”

“Our happily ever after.”

“Now wait a minute. This is OUR wedding, you were not invited,” Austin said, his beautiful face red with rage.

Justin looked between Austin, a man he could have lived a perfectly happy life with; and Brian, a man that made his pulse race and heart skip even eight years later. There really was no competition.

Looking at Austin, he said, “I’m sorry. I can’t marry you.”

He slowly made his way to where Brian was standing. Everyone’s jaw was reaching the ground, except Michael who looked victorious.

“Why now?” he asked.

“Well, it was supposed to be last year but something came up. I lost myself for a while,” Brian said, his voice low.

“What happened?” he asked, fearing the return of Brian’s cancer.

“My mother died. By the time I came out of my funk, you had sent back your ring.”

“Why didn’t anyone tell me?”

“I told them not to tell you. I knew you’d come back home. You just got that offer to show a piece in that museum. I didn’t want you to give up all the work you had done.”

“But why now?” he asked again. He had sent his ring to Brian almost eight months ago.

“It was now or never. I knew as soon as you said I do, you would never be mine again.”

Justin laughed. “Idiot. I’ve been yours since I was seventeen.”

“My own little stalker. Ready to do this?”

“Do what?”

“Get married.”

“I-I can’t. It wouldn’t be right. This is where I was going to marry Austin. It would be wrong to marry you at a wedding we planned together.”

“That’s what I was doing, Sunshine. Our house is waiting for the grooms and guests to arrive. Everything else is waiting.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Did I do good, Daddy?” Gus asked, running up to them.

“You did great, Sonnyboy.”

“Wait, what did Gus do?”

Gus blushed. “I threw up.”

Justin’s eyes bulged. “You had your child vomit to delay my wedding? How?”

“I ate yucky fishes.”

Justin looked at Brian who shrugged. “Sardines.” Then he turned and laughed. “For God’s sake Ben put Mikey down. Alright, if you are Justin’s side, follow us. You’ll get the wedding you want. As for Aaron’s side, better luck next time.”

“Austin,” Justin muttered but still smiled.

 

Tomorrow he would feel guilty for hurting Austin. Today though, was his wedding day. 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1097