Whispers of Doubt by Thyme
Summary:

 

Brian and Justin are back together, but their problems are far from over.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: None
Genres: Alternate Universe
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: My Only Sunshine Series
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 169314 Read: 49288 Published: Oct 13, 2017 Updated: Oct 13, 2017

1. Chapter 1 - Manipulations by Thyme

2. Chapter 2 - Doubts by Thyme

3. Chapter 3 - Calm Before the Storm by Thyme

4. Chapter 4 - Relationships by Thyme

5. Chapter 5 - A Dinner to Remember by Thyme

6. Chapter 6 - Of Doubts and Dreams by Thyme

7. Chapter 7 - Blame and Responsibility by Thyme

8. Chapter 8 - Oneupmanship by Thyme

9. Chapter 9 - Nightmare to Dream by Thyme

10. Chapter 10 - Love and Lust by Thyme

11. Chapter 11 - Faith by Thyme

12. Chapter 12 - Pressure by Thyme

13. Chapter 13 - Thanksgiving by Thyme

14. Chapter 14 - Heartache and Afternoon Delight by Thyme

15. Chapter 15 - An Odyssey by Thyme

16. Chapter 16 - Apple Pie and Toast by Thyme

17. Chapter 17 - Fear and Failure by Thyme

18. Chapter 18 - Impending Separation by Thyme

19. Chapter 19 - Fucking Pittsburgh by Thyme

20. Chapter 20 - Of Friends and Feelings by Thyme

21. Chapter 21 - Conspiracy by Thyme

22. Chapter 22 - Reconciliations by Thyme

23. Chapter 23 - Where's Justin by Thyme

24. Chapter 24 - You Look Like Shit by Thyme

25. Chapter 25 - For Future Consideration by Thyme

26. Chapter 26 - Home and Away by Thyme

Chapter 1 - Manipulations by Thyme



Manipulations

 ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin rolled over and broke contact with Brian’s body.  He was instantly awake.  He looked back to see Brian staring at him.



“How long have you been awake?” Justin asked.



“I don’t think I was ever asleep.”



“What time is it?”



“4 am.”



“You need some sleep.  You’ll have to get up before too long.”



“I know, but I can’t sleep.”



“Why?  What’s wrong?”  Justin looked worried.  “You’re not going to take it back, are you?”



“You know me better than that.  I say what I mean, and I don’t regret it.”



“But this was so huge.  If you’re not comfortable with it, I won’t mind.  Much,” he added.  “I can wait till you’re sure.”



“Justin, I said ‘I love you’ and I meant it.  I don’t want to take it back.”



“Then what’s wrong?  Why can’t you sleep?”



“I don’t know.  I feel restless, like I need to do something, but I don’t know what it is.”



Brian started to get up.  Justin grabbed his hand.



“Stay with me?” he asked.



Brian lay back down.



“Talk to me, Brian.  I need to know what’s going on,” Justin pleaded.



“I feel strange,” Brian said.



“Strange?  How?”



“Like this isn’t really me.  Like I don’t know who I am anymore.”



“Don’t say that, please.  What you did for Ethan, and then hearing you tell me you love me, made this the best night of my life.  Don’t tell me that you regret what you did.”



Brian looked at him sadly.



“I don’t know, Justin.  I’m not sure of anything, and that’s what’s bugging me.  I don’t do doubts.  I have lived my life by fucking, not loving.  By never giving a shit, not by worrying and trying to protect people.  That isn’t me.  You called me a good man tonight.  I liked that.  I want to be a good man, but is that who I am?  Can I just change, and become something else?  What will that mean to you, to my job, to my friends, to my life?  I just don’t know.”



“It sounds like you’re having a mid-life crisis,” Justin said.



“Fuck you!  I’m nowhere near mid life yet!’



“Sorry.  I just meant that you are changing, and that’s causing you to doubt yourself.  But change can be good.  I like the new and improved Brian Kinney.  I think you will too, if you give him a chance.”



“I don’t know,” Brian said, shaking his head.



“Don’t worry.  I’ll help you.”  Justin ran his hand over Brian’s chest to soothe him.



Then he had a better idea.  Sex was always Brian’s release.  He leaned over and began sucking Brian’s nipples.  Brian looked surprised at first, but then gave in to the pleasure of the experience.  Justin had become very good with his mouth and lips.



After a few minutes of licking and sucking, Justin decided to up the ante.  He took a not so gentle bite of one nipple.



“Fuck!” Brian groaned.



Justin worked his way down to Brian’s navel.  He rimmed it with his tongue, then plunged his tongue in.  Brian squirmed.  Justin nipped all around, then licked his way down to Brian’s pubes.  He buried his face in the soft hair, and blew gently.  He felt Brian shiver.



Brian’s cock was rock hard and dripping.  Justin kissed the tip, and lapped up the pre-cum.  Brian groaned his pleasure.  Justin spread saliva and pre-cum all over Brian’s cock, licking and kissing the throbbing shaft.  Suddenly his mouth dove over Brian’s cock, taking the whole thing into his mouth and down his throat.



“Ahhh!” Brian moaned.



Justin worked Brian’s dick mercilessly.  He sucked hard and fast.  He licked slow and easy.  He kissed gentle and firm.  He nipped.  He pulled.  Brian writhed beneath his ministrations.



Finally Justin grabbed his balls, and Brian yelled his release.  He came into Justin’s mouth again and again, until he was exhausted and panting.



“Think you can rest now?” Justin asked sweetly.



“Umm Hmmm,” Brian said, already half asleep.



He did feel better.  Justin leaned over and kissed him softly.  Brian pulled Justin on top of him, like a security blanket.  Soon they were both asleep.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



When the alarm woke them, they were still in much the same position, Justin draped overtop of Brian, his head resting on Brian’s chest.



Brian kissed the top of his head, and said, “Wake up, Sleepy Head.”



“I’m awake.  I just didn’t want to move from this delicious position.  Do you know that your dick is between my legs, and it’s getting harder as we speak?”   Justin rubbed luxuriously up and down on Brian’s lower body, then closed his legs around Brian’s cock.



“Unhh,” Brian grunted.  “Naughty boy!  You’re going to have to pay for your lascivious activities.”



“I can hardly wait,” said Justin.



“Bold little thing, aren’t you?”



“My thing’s not so little!”



Brian laughed.  “That’s true.”  He grabbed Justin’s hard-on and gave it a tug.  He rubbed his thumb over the slit, spreading the pre-cum.



“Are you going to do more than play with that?” Justin asked, his eyes full of lust.    



“You are bad this morning!” Brian commented.



“I’m horny.  Fuck me!” Justin demanded.



Brian swatted his butt.  “Impatient, too.”



“Now!  Brian!” Justin attacked Brian’s mouth, kissing, sucking, nipping Brian’s lips, dueling with his tongue.



Breathlessly, Brian said, “Easy, Justin.”



“No!” was the reply.  “I want it now!”



Brian didn’t know what had brought out this side of Justin, but he was ready and able to take advantage of it.  He rolled over, taking Justin with him.  Now Justin was on his back, Brian on top of him.  Brian grabbed Justin’s hands and pinned them above his head.  Justin bit at Brian’s chin.  Brian bit back, on the soft skin of Justin’s neck.



Justin grunted.  He squirmed, trying to free his hands to grab hold of Brian, but Brian was having none of that.  He held Justin in position and continued to attack his neck.  He would have a good crop of hickeys.  Brian moved down to Justin’s chest, and nipped around one nipple.  He grabbed the nipple ring in his teeth, and pulled.



“Ow!” Justin gasped.



“Did I hurt you?  Was it too much?” Brian asked, concerned he had really hurt Justin.



“More!” Justin demanded.  His legs came up around Brian’s waist.  He bucked against Brian.  If he couldn’t get his hands free, he’d have to use other parts of his body.



Brian looked at him in wonder.



“What’s gotten into you?” Brian asked.



“I told you I’m horny.  I never got off last night after servicing you, and now you’ve got me pinned down, and you still won’t fuck me.  Hurry up!”



Brian was tempted to play a little more, but he saw the naked need in Justin’s eyes.  He thought better of it, and grabbed a condom.  He put it on and lubed his shaft.  He pushed Justin’s legs up, exposing his pucker.  He used one of his lubed fingers to open Justin’s pucker.  Justin writhed.  A second finger, and Justin almost screamed out the word, “Now!”



Brian threw Justin’s legs up on his shoulders and drove his penis in.  Justin exhaled between clenched teeth, and breathed, “Yesss!!!”



Brian leaned in and kissed him.  Justin grabbed Brian’s hair and pulled his head down, mashing their lips together.  Justin was like a wild thing, sucking and pulling Brian’s hair.  Brian pulled back, his head sore where Justin had hold of his hair.



Brian was on his knees, but he straightened up, tipping Justin up almost on to his shoulders.  This gave him complete access to Justin’s hole.  He drove in, finding his rhythm, hitting the prostate, responding to Justin’s need.  They continued that way, until Brian felt his balls contract.  He grabbed Justin’s cock and pulled.  Then they were both coming and coming, until all sense left them, Brian collapsing on top of Justin.



When they began to return to their senses, Justin kissed Brian, and said with an angelic smile, “Good morning, Brian.”



“Now you’re cheerful?” Brian asked.



“I feel great.”



“Un hunh.  What was that all about?”



“I just gave in to what I was feeling.  No censorship.  No holding back.”



“That’s for sure!”



“I wanted you, and I wanted you bad.  You haven’t changed, Brian.  You’re still you, despite what you think.”



“What!”



“You’re you.  I just wanted to show you.”



“That was some kind of fucked up therapy treatment?  I don’t want your fucking help, like that.”



“It wasn’t therapy.  I just wanted to show you that we can be different than we usually are, and yet be the same people.”



“Well, screw you!  I don’t need your psychological experimentation!  I’m going to work!”



Brian got up off the bed, and stormed into the bathroom.



“Shit!” said Justin.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian paced back and forth in his office.  He was furious with Justin, trying to play mind games with him.  He hadn’t spoken to him, since he started to get ready for work.  Justin had tried to initiate conversation, but Brian had cut him off with the Kinney glare each time he opened his mouth.



He looked at “Rage” hanging on the office wall.  “My alter ego,” he said.  “Too bad I don’t have super-powers to banish my own doubts and fears.”



The feeling of unease continued.  He just didn’t feel right.  Brian knew he had to do something.



“Cynthia, come in here, please.”



Seconds later Cynthia stepped into his office.



“Yes, boss?” she said.



“Have you noticed anything different about me lately?  And be truthful.  Don’t hedge.”



“I’m not sure what you mean,” Cynthia said, not wanting to say the wrong thing and piss him off.



“I told you to be truthful, Cynthia.”



“Okay.  You seem calmer lately; more... kind, happy even.”



“Are you talking professionally or personally?” Brian asked.



“Personally.  The only difference professionally is that you have taken some time off lately, which you don’t normally do.”



“Do you think I’m getting soft with staff or clients?  Have I lost my edge?”



“You!  Good God, no!” Cynthia was emphatic.



“Well, that’s good to know.”



“Why are you asking?”



“I just needed to know.”



“What’s going on?” Cynthia pursued her curiosity.



“That’s all I wanted to know.  Thanks.  You can go back to your desk.”



Cynthia had been dismissed.  She got up and left.



“That didn’t tell me too much,” Brian thought.  “But at least I seem to be doing my job as I always have.  I can’t believe I’m having these self-doubts.  This is nuts.”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



When Brian arrived home that night, Justin had prepared jambalaya.  As soon as he realized this, Brian knew that Justin was making a significant gesture to mend fences.  This meal meant a lot to them.  It was really the beginning of them being together as a couple, although it had taken two days to actually eat that meal.  Neither of them could ignore its significance.



The table was set with candles, wine and crystal.  It looked lovely and Justin waited expectantly.



“Dinner’s ready,” Justin said.



Brian took off his jacket and sat down.  The jambalaya was very good.  He said so to Justin.



Justin seemed pleased.



“No more games, Brian.  I’m sorry about this morning.”



“Don’t be.  It was quite enjoyable.”



“Just enjoyable?  I thought it was fucking fantastic.”



“It was a fuck, and a fantasy,” Brian admitted.



“Didn’t you like it?” Justin asked, worried.



“Let it alone,” Brian said.



“Don’t shut me out.  I need to know what you think.”



“The fuck was great, but I told you this morning that I didn’t want to be part of your psychological manipulations.”



“Manipulations?  Look who’s talking!”  Justin was getting angry.



“I said ‘Leave it!’.  I don’t want to fight with you.”



“I don’t want to fight either, but you’re accusing me of something I didn’t do.  I was just trying to help you.”



“What part of ‘Leave it!’ don’t you understand?”



“Brian, be reasonable.”



“Fuck reasonable!  You are really starting to wear on my last nerve.  I’m going out.”



“Don’t leave.  We need to settle this.”



Brian went up to the bedroom and changed into jeans and a sweater.  He had to escape.  Justin was pushing too hard.



“Brian, talk to me.”



“Justin, no.  I’m leaving.  Consider this a work in progress, and you are pushing too hard.”



That shut Justin up.  Brian grabbed his keys and walked out.  On the stairs he used his cell phone to dial a number.  He arranged to meet at Woody’s.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian saw Dick sitting at a corner table at Woody’s.  He walked over and said, “Hey.”



“How ya doing?” Dick asked.



“Let me get a beer first,” Brian said, signaling the waiter.



After he downed half the beer, Brian looked at Dick.  Dick waited.



“I thought you were the talker,” Brian said.



“I don’t need to talk. You do,” Dick replied.



“How old are you?”



“Twenty-seven.  Why?”



“I thought you were younger than that.”



“Sorry to disappoint you.”



“I’m not disappointed.  I’m amazed that you are so composed and self-assured at your age, whatever it is.”



Dick chuckled.  “Fooled you too.”



“What?”



“I’d hardly say I’m self-assured.  I have doubts, problems, worries, like everyone else.”



“It never seems that way.”



“I’m good at covering it up.”



“I used to be,” Brian thought.  Out loud he said, “It doesn’t seem like a pretense.”



“Well, it is and it isn’t.  I told you I’m a fatalist.  I get worried and scared, but then I just go with the flow.  It all works out, one way or another.”



“How do you go with the flow?”



“You just do.”



“I’m too much of a control freak to do that.”



“Then you have to deal with things differently.”



“Like how?”



“I don’t know, Brian.  You have to figure that out for yourself.  What’s wrong?”



“I’ve been making changes lately, and in doing that, I feel like I’m losing myself.  I’m not sure who I am anymore.”



“That’s heavy.”



“Yeah.  Creepy too.”



“Creepy?”



“I keep thinking I’m in the wrong body.  That I’ve been taken over by someone else.”



“Sounds like an X-Files episode.”



“Where’s Mulder when you need him?” Brian joked.



Dick laughed.  “It’s not like you to doubt yourself.  What precipitated this?”



“A few things.  Someone hurt Justin.  I went to confront him, to protect Justin.  Instead I ended up helping the kid.  It felt really good to do that.”



“And the problem would be ...?”



“That’s not me.  I should have reamed the guy.”



“But you said you felt good about what you did.”



“I did, at first.  The more I thought about it, the more I began to worry that by changing the rotten parts of me, I’ve lost myself.  I won’t be able to do my job.  My friends won’t like this new, soft guy.  Justin fell in love with the asshole I used to be.  I could lose everything.”



“Highly unlikely.”



“Why?”



“I’m not sure where I came in on the Brian Kinney transition, but I know you are a good man, always have been.”



“How can you possibly know that?”



“You are a generous lover.  I know that firsthand.  You can’t be generous at that, if you’re not generous in other ways.”



“Don’t be too sure.”  Brian looked at him skeptically.



“I am sure.  I saw you with your friends the other day.  They care about you.  They want you and Justin to be happy.  I could tell.  You are a good person.  I told Justin you had good intentions.”



“Why would you tell him that?”



“He said you were a manipulator.  I agreed.”



Brian rolled his eyes.  That’s what he had called Justin.



“But I said you had good intentions with your manipulations,” Dick said.



“Justin had good intentions too,” Brian thought.  “How do you know what my intentions were?” Brian asked Dick.



“Brian, give it a rest.  You’re blowing this all out of proportion.  Analyzing it to death.  You’ve believed your own PR for too long.  You are a good person.”



“I can’t help it.  I need to get back to myself.”



“You are yourself.  You can’t change what is innate, Brian.”



“What are you saying?”



“That you’ve always been a good, generous man.  Now that you’re dropping the pretense of being otherwise, you feel vulnerable and exposed.”



Brian’s jaw dropped.  His wide eyes stared at Dick.



“Am I right?” Dick asked.



Brian didn’t answer.  He continued to stare.  The wheels were turning.  Dick sat silently and waited.



“Fuck, you’re good!” Brian said.



Dick almost choked on his beer.



“I take that to mean that you think I’m right.”



Brian nodded.  “I can’t believe you did that.  I’ve been trying for days to figure out what’s bothering me about changing, why I was worried about something that should be good.  It’s because I’m exposing myself, what I’ve covered up all these years.  If people hated the ‘fuck ‘em all’ Brian Kinney, that was okay, because it wasn’t the real me.  But if they hate this new and improved Brian Kinney, they will be hating the real me.  I don’t know if I can handle that.”



“Why would they hate you?’



“I don’t know.  I just worry that they will.”



“You worry too much.  No one’s going to hate you.”



“Justin does, at the moment.”



“Did you walk out on him again?”



“Afraid so.”



“Same advice.  Go home and talk to him.”



“Sure.  In a minute.  Let’s have another beer first.”



“Aren’t you done talking?”



“Yes, but I’d like to sit and mull this over a bit.”



“Another beer would be great,” Dick said.



As they sipped their beers, Brian made small talk with Dick.  At the same time he was plotting what to do.  Finally he said, “Dick, some time soon I’d like you to talk to Justin.  I need him to back off a bit, but he doesn’t seem to hear me when I tell him.  Would you tell him?”



“I could try, but there are no guarantees.”



“Thanks.  I’ll suggest that he talk to you.”



“Okay.”



“Home, to face the music,” Brian said, standing up.



“Once again, good luck.”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian opened the door to the loft with some trepidation.  Justin was sketching on the couch.



“Hey,” he said, like nothing had happened.



“Hey.”  Brian wondered at Justin’s attitude.  He had thought Justin would still be mad.  “What have you been doing?”



“Thinking and sketching.”



“In that order?”



“I’m sorry I push so much.  I just want to fix things.  Make them perfect.”



“There’s no such thing as perfect, and you do push too much.”



“I’ll try not to.  I heard you say ‘Work in Progress’.  That’s why I let you go.  I do get it.  Where did you go?”



“I talked to Dick.  He helped a lot.”



“Where I made it worse.” Justin frowned.



“I understand what you were trying to do, but sometimes it’s just too much.”



“Can I make it up to you?” Justin asked.



“Would you talk to Dick?” Brian said.



“Do you want me to?  I guess I could.”



“It might help.”



“Okay.  But right now could we do something other than talk?”



“Sounds good.  What did you have in mind?”



“The bed,” Justin said.



“You don’t have to ask me twice,” Brian laughed.



Justin flew off the couch into Brian’s arms.  They kissed passionately and began getting rid of clothes.



“Is this going to be the normal Justin or the sex fiend from this morning?” Brian asked between kisses.



“Which one do you want?”



“The crazed sex fiend had some interesting attributes, but I’m kind of fond of the old Justin,” Brian said.



“He’s all yours.”



“You bet, Sunshine.”



Brian pulled the now naked Justin up to the bedroom.  “Lay down on your stomach,” he said.



Justin obliged.  Brian knelt beside him and kissed the back of his neck.  Justin turned his head so their lips could meet.  Brian turned him over for a more passionate kiss.



“Do you want anything in particular?” Brian asked.



“I love anything you do.  You don’t have to be so tentative,” Justin said.



“You think I’m tentative?”


“Not really, but it’s not like you to ask.  You just take charge.”



“Shit!” Brian said.  “I’m messing everything up.  I have changed everything.”



“Brian, it’s all right.  Just do what you want.”



“I was going to give you a good rimming.”



“Sounds good,” Justin grinned.



Brian still looked concerned, but he pushed Justin over exposing his ass.  He kissed the back of Justin’s neck, then ran his tongue down the ridge of his back to the crack of his ass.  He nibbled on Justin’s delicious bottom.  Justin wiggled his approval.  Brian pulled up his bottom, exposing more to his mouth and tongue.  He pressed the cheeks apart and blew on the pucker.  It spasmed a response and Justin took in a sharp breath.



Brian smiled.  He blew again, and then kissed and nipped all around the pleasure hole.  Finally his tongue licked over the pucker.  It spasmed again.  Another lick and his tongue darted in.  Justin’s head shot up and he moaned.  Brian’s tongue worked in and out, followed by more kisses and licks.  Justin writhed and pushed back to meet the tongue.  Brian continued his tongue fuck a little longer.



Justin was panting.  “Please, Brian!  My cock’s so hard, it hurts.  Fuck me, please!”



“Since you ask so nicely,” Brian said.



He donned a condom and plunged in.  The tight warmth inside of Justin surrounded Brian’s cock.



“I love being inside you,” Brian whispered.



“I love you there too,” Justin replied.



Brian started long, slow thrusts, hitting Justin’s prostate on random strokes.  Justin rocked into each thrust, his moans increasing in volume and need.  Brian picked up the pace, reaching under Justin to pull him back to meet each thrust.



Justin yelled, “Yes, Brian.  Oh, yes!”


Brian began stroking Justin’s cock, matching the movements of his own cock as it plowed in and out.  He felt Justin tense as his orgasm approached.  Brian pounded harder against Justin’s ass, and increased the speed of his hand working Justin’s cock.



“Oh, ohhh, Brian!!”  Justin yelled, as he came in a blinding orgasm.  His anus constricted around Brian’s penis and Brian was lost to his orgasm too.



“My only Sunshine,” he gasped, as he collapsed on top of Justin.



They lay like that for a while.  When Brian moved, Justin said, “Don’t go.  Stay inside.  I love being this close to you.”



“Me too.”  He kissed Justin’s cheek.



“Why can’t everything else be this simple and good?” Justin asked.



“Yeah.  Simple and good,” Brian whispered.



If only that little voice of doubt at the back of his head would go away.

Chapter 2 - Doubts by Thyme

 

Doubts  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian and Justin had been back together for a few weeks now.  Brian wasn’t sure there was any such thing as domestic bliss, but he thought this might be about as close as it got.  He was glad to have Justin back and living with him.  He slept better, and the sex was no less fantastic than always.  They had had their ups and downs already.  He had walked out a couple of times, but he had come back and they had worked it out.  He didn’t expect it to be easy, but sometimes he wondered if they could maintain it.  He knew he wasn’t easy to live with, and Justin had come back a more mature, and demanding, partner.  He wasn’t going to allow Brian free reign.  They didn’t have rules, which had been such a disaster before, but they did have some limits on what they were willing to tolerate.  So far things had gone pretty well, but it was the long term that was the question mark.



They spent those weeks re-establishing a rhythm to their lives.  Brian went to work and Justin to school.  Everything seemed to be fine, except for a little voice in the back of Brian’s brain that whispered of doubt and fear.  It just wouldn’t go away.



Most of the time Brian could ignore it, find enough to do to push it away into the background.  However, there were times when it demanded to be heard, and Brian would start to worry.



Lindsay and Mel invited them for dinner one Friday.  Brian was looking forward to seeing Gus.  He hoped he might have a quiet word with Lindsay too.  He wondered if she would notice the changes in him and how she would react.



They arrived early after work, so they could have some play time with Gus before he had to go to bed.  Melanie let them in.  Gus ran to his father shouting, "Dada, Dada.”



Brian scooped him up and hugged him tight.



“Sonny Boy,” he said, kissing him and blowing raspberries on his cheek.



Gus giggled.  “Love you, Dada,” he said.



“I love you too,” Brian said.



“Down!” Gus demanded.



“Okay,” said Brian, setting him down.  Gus took his hand and pulled Brian towards the coffee table.



“What?  Where are we going?”



“See,” said Gus, pointing to the coffee table.



“What’s this?”  Brian picked up a paper containing two red handprints.  “Are these yours?” Brian asked.



Gus nodded and beamed at Brian.



“Let’s see,” Brian said.  “Show me how your hands fit.”



He set the paper on the table, and Gus positioned his own little hands over the red prints.



“A perfect fit,” Brian said.  “Well done, Sonny Boy.”



“For you,” Gus said.



“This is for me?” Brian asked.



Gus nodded.



“Thank you, Gus.”  Brian kissed him.  “I’ll find a special place for this at home.”



Gus smiled.



“The refrigerator’s always a good spot,“ Melanie offered.  “They make these little magnet things that will hold papers on the door.”



“No kidding!” Brian said, rolling his eyes.  “The wonders of modern technology!”



“Wise ass,” Melanie sniped.



Justin moved in.  “That’s great, Gus.  One of these days we’ll have to paint together.”



Gus clapped his hands and bounced up and down.



“Come on, Gus.  Show me what you can build with your blocks.”  Justin led Gus over to his play area.



“Dinner’s almost ready,” Lindsay said, coming in from the kitchen.  She gave Brian a kiss.



“Will you serve some wine, Mel?” she asked.



Melanie went to the kitchen to get drinks for everyone.  Lindsay sat down beside Brian.



“How are things with you and Justin?” she asked.



“Mostly good,” Brian said.



“Mostly?”



“I’m very glad to have him back.  It’s just that sometimes he pushes too hard.”



“He’s young.  Impatient.”



“I know.  But it’s hard to take sometimes.”



“Try to talk it out.  You’ve made so much progress already.”


“Do you think I’ve changed?”



“You’re sure a lot happier now that you have Justin back with you.”



“Yeah.  I am happy, but ... “



“But?  Is something wrong?”



“I’m not sure we can keep this up.  I think I’ve changed and it worries me.”



“Believe me, different than you used to be, can only be an improvement,” Melanie chimed in, handing Brian a glass of red wine.



Brian flipped her the finger.  Lindsay swatted him.



“Brian, I think you are better than ever,” said Lindsay.  “I’m proud of what you’re doing with your life.”



“Thanks,” Brian said.



Just then a timer went off in the kitchen, and Lindsay went to check on the food.



Brian watched her go.  She didn’t seem to think there was anything wrong with him, and Mel sure treated him the same.  He had no qualms about biting back, when she nipped at him.  Maybe he was worrying for nothing.



“Come on, everybody.  Dinner’s ready,” Lindsay announced.



Gus sat in his high chair between Brian and Justin.  Brian did his best to make sure that most of the food actually got into Gus’ mouth.



“I wonder if my parents helped me like this,” Brian thought.  He had no happy memories of his parents feeding him, playing with him, hugging him.



“You look sad, Brian,” Lindsay said.



“Just thinking,” he replied.



“About what?”

Brian hesitated, not sure he wanted to reveal his thoughts.



“About my childhood,” he said reluctantly.



“Not happy memories?” Lindsay asked.



“No,” was the only reply.



“More wine?” Melanie asked, trying to lighten the mood.



Brian drank several more glasses of wine, but ate very little, often transferring his portion to Justin’s plate.



Soon after dinner, Gus was put to bed.  Brian continued to drink.  Lindsay tried to interest him in various topics of conversation, but he had grown very quiet, barely responding.  Lindsay and Justin talked a bit about art, and then Justin suggested they leave.  Brian seemed indifferent, but when Justin stood up, so did he.  They kissed Lindsay and Justin kissed Melanie.



Melanie said to Justin, “Don’t let him drive.”



Justin nodded.  He steered Brian to the passenger side of the Jeep.  He didn’t protest.  Justin drove them to the loft, and pulled Brian into the elevator.  He didn’t resist.



Once inside the loft, he sat Brian down on the couch.



“Brian,” he said, “look at me.”



Brian looked up, and stared into Justin’s eyes.  “I love you,” he said.



“I love you too,” Justin responded.



“I never heard that as a child.  I don’t remember my parents ever saying that.  Not to Claire, or to me, or to each other.  I don’t want Gus to grow up like that.”



“He won’t, because you told him you love him tonight, and Lindsay and Mel tell him that all the time.  So do I.  And he loves us back.”



“That’s good,” Brian said.



“Yes, it’s good.  Every child should be loved.”



“Not me.  Not good enough.”



“Yes you are.  Your parents were just fucked up.”



“Do you understand why it’s so hard for me?”



“I’m starting to.”



“I never had love.  I don’t know what it is, how to say it, how to give it.”



“Yes you do.  You give it to me all the time.  You give it to Gus and Lindsay and Michael.”



“I do?”



“Of course, you do.  You may not say ‘I love you’ easily, but you demonstrate it in lots of ways.”



“Really?  You see that?”



“Yes.”



“I try.”



“I know you do,” Justin tried to reassure him.



“Can we make love tonight?”



“Of course. Come to bed.”



Justin led Brian up to the bedroom.  He slowly undressed Brian, and Brian undressed him.  He seemed to be regaining his composure.  They kissed long and passionately.  When they lay down together, Brian felt such tenderness for Justin.  He cradled him in his arms, and ran his fingers through Justin’s hair, looking intently into his eyes.  He wanted to soak up every aspect of the young man.



They made love slowly and intensely.  Kisses created a connection that they didn’t want to break.  Hands explored everywhere, tracing the shape and feel of each other, so that they would never forget.  Scents, textures, souls mixed and mingled, as they blended into each other.  They had never been so close, so intense, so in love.



When they reached their climax, they lay together in each other’s arms, happier and more content than they had ever been.  That was how they fell asleep, wrapped around each other.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



They awoke with the sun streaming in on them.  Brian watched the sun play over Justin’s face and hair, and the pendant he never took off.



“Good morning, my only sunshine,” he said, tugging on the little sun.



Justin smiled and kissed him.  “Is this real?  Last night was magic,” Justin said.



“Enough magic to weather any storms,” Brian added.



“Enough magic for forever.”



“Yeah.”



“We could stay in bed all day,” Justin suggested.



“We could, but I have a better idea.”



“You do?”



“How would you like to take Gus on a picnic today?”



“That sounds great, but we better call Lindsay to arrange it.”



“I’ll do that now.”



They picked up Gus an hour later.  Justin had packed food in his knapsack.  The idea of Brian Kinney having a cooler was almost too funny for words.  Brian had never actually done anything like this before.



Justin suggested a park his parents used to take him to.  It was out in the suburbs, about as close to nature as Brian really wanted to get.  They had brought a blanket which they spread out on the grass.  Gus toddled around.  He soon discovered that if he kept on toddling, one of them would get up and chase him.  This was a great game, especially when he would be scooped up and spun around when he was caught.  He giggled and ran.   They chased him, neither he nor the adults seeming to tire of the game.



They ate Justin’s food.  He had brought bread, cheese, and carrot sticks.  It tasted so good out in the fresh air.  Brian and Justin had some wine and Gus had juice from his sippy cup.



After lunch they each took one of Gus’ hands.  “Just like the sketch,” Brian thought.  They walked Gus around looking at the flowers and rocks.  He had brought a little plastic ball which he would try to throw, and they would roll it back to him.  He would giggle and chase it.



People in the park seemed to be watching them.  They were having so much fun.  Their laughter was pure and spontaneous.  People smiled to see them.  They kissed Gus, and he rode around on Brian’s shoulders for a while.  Brian leaned over and kissed Justin, while Gus giggled as he tipped sideways.  Brian righted him, and said, “I love you, Sonny Boy.”



As they passed a man and a woman sitting on a bench, the woman looked up at them and said, “Lovely family.”  She smiled her approval.



“Thanks,” said Brian.  This did feel like his family, and he was very proud of it.  That little voice receded a bit more.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



After they dropped off Gus, who had fallen sound asleep in his car seat, Brian looked at Justin and said, “I’m beat.  Gus is better than two hours at the gym.”



“He’s a going concern.  You carried him around for most of the day.”



“My muscles are going to be so stiff tomorrow.”



Justin looked like a light bulb had just gone off in his head.  “Let’s go for massages,” he said.



“And what type of massage did you have in mind?” Brian asked suggestively.



“Not the kind you’re thinking of.”  Justin blushed.  “A real massage, deep muscle.  We can do the other kind of massage later.”



“That actually sounds good,” Brian admitted.  “I know a good place.  Let me call and see if they can take us.”



Brian placed the call, and Justin heard him promise ‘a little extra’.



“All set,” Brian said.  “They needed a little persuasion, but we’ve been fitted in.”



“Good.  Let’s go.”



When they arrived at the spa, they were immediately ushered into a room with two massage tables.  The girl told them to get undressed and the masseur would be right with them.



“What kind of persuasion did you use to do this?” Justin asked, noting the side by side tables.



“I’ve been here before. They’re very accommodating.”



“I’m surprised we’re together, in the same room.”



“Wait till you see the masseurs,” Brian said.



Just then the door opened, and in walked two Scandinavian gods.  They were blonde, late twenties, and identical twins.  Justin’s mouth dropped.



“Thor, Erik,” Brian said.  “Good to see you again.”



“Mr. Kinney,” they responded in a very professional way.



“This is Justin Taylor,” Brian said, introducing the younger man.



“Good afternoon,” Erik said.  “I’ll be doing your massage, Mr. Taylor.  If you’ll remove your towel, and lay down on the bed, we can get started.”



With a quick glance at Brian, Justin did so.  Brian got on the table next to him.  Both lay on their stomachs, and by turning their heads they could look at each other whenever they chose.  They smiled, then closed their eyes, ready to enjoy the experience.



Thor and Erik were very good at what they did.  They warmed oil in their hands, and started spreading it over the backs of the two men.  They worked the shoulders first, squeezing, rubbing and pulling, until the tight muscles began to loosen.  They continued down the back, working along the spine.  Next the hips and buttocks were pressed and kneaded.  That elicited long sighs.



Justin looked over at Brian.  Brian smiled at him, then closed his eyes again, luxuriating in the sensations.  The twins worked down the legs, and finished with a to-die-for foot massage.  When they finished, they quietly left the room.  Brian heard the door click shut, and looked over at Justin.  Justin stared back.



“That felt great, but I’ve had a hard-on since Erik first touched my ass,” Justin said.



“So have I.  Come over here.”



Brian turned on to his back, his penis red and swollen.  Justin’s hard-on matched it, as he stepped over to Brian’s massage table.  He leaned in and kissed Brian passionately.  Brian pulled him on top of him, and they began grinding their hips together, cocks caught deliciously in between.  They continued their kisses as they bucked and rubbed against each other.  As they enjoyed the tantalizing friction, Brian clasped Justin to him.  His one hand wandered down to Justin’s ass, and began toying with his pucker.  Brian dipped his fingers into the oil next to the table.  One oily finger, then two, opened the pucker.  Justin’s breaths became gasps, and he ground his hips against Brian more frantically.



Brian grabbed a condom from the table.



“They certainly are prepared here,” Justin observed.



“They know my requirements,” Brian said.



“You’ve been here with others?” Justin asked, not wanting to hear the answer.



“Once or twice, but so far this is the best,” Brian said, smoothing Justin’s hair.



“So far?” Justin repeated.  “Let’s make it unforgettable.”  He took the condom, and slipped it over Brian’s dick.  He was kneeling astride Brian’s legs.  He shifted up a bit, and Brian held his penis steady, as Justin lowered himself on to it.



“Best,” Brian gasped.



“Only the best for you,” Justin agreed.  He stayed still for a minute, Brian’s cock filling him, loving the sensation of possessing Brian.  He leaned over and kissed the man.  “Ready for a wild ride?” he asked.



“Always ready,” was Brian’s patented response.



Justin had full control of the situation.  On his knees, he slowly rose up and rotated his hips.  Brian groaned.  Justin slid back down, resting on Brian’s hips, fully impaled.  He stopped again.  Brian’s eyes looked lustfully at him.  Justin grinned.



“What are you planning?” Brian asked.



“I’m feeling very flexible after my massage,” he said.



He leaned back, until his back almost touched Brian’s legs.  Brian’s penis started to slip out of Justin.  Justin squeezed his anal muscles, trapping the tip of Brian’s cock.



“Fuck!”  Brian sucked in his lips.



Justin sat up and impaled himself fully on the cock again.



“Jesus, Justin,” Brian moaned.



“There’s more.”  Justin smiled.



He leaned forward so his chest rested on Brian’s chest.  Again, as Brian’s penis began to slide out, he clenched his muscles and trapped the tip.



Brian groaned louder.



Justin kissed him, shoving his tongue down his throat, still keeping the tip of Brian’s penis trapped.  Then he straightened up as he had before, and took all of Brian’s penis back in.  He repeated these motions twice more.



Brian’s moans grew louder and his head flopped from side to side.  Suddenly he grabbed Justin’s hips, and pushed him up and down on his cock.  His own hips bucked up to meet Justin’s downward movement, so that they met in a powerful collision.  Justin knew he wouldn’t last long.  A couple of tugs on his cock, and he was coming all over Brian’s chest.  His anus contracted around Brian’s penis, and he shot his load inside Justin.



Brian pulled Justin against his pounding heart, and held him tight.  They kissed long and sensuously, as their senses returned to normal.



“You have the best ideas,” Brian said.



“I’m so relaxed I don’t know if I can stand up.”



“Just stay put for now.  I like you on top of me.”



“Don’t we have to get out of here?  Someone else may need the room.”



“We’re the last clients today.  They stayed a bit longer for us.”



“Are they waiting for us?” Justin asked, worried that someone might come in.



“I told them they could leave after the massage.  We have the place to ourselves.  We just have to lock up when we leave.”



“How well do you know those guys?”



Brian gave him an eye roll.



“I should have known,” Justin said.  “Both of them?”



“Of course. They’re a matched pair.”



“At the same time?”



Brian stuck his tongue in his cheek, and grinned.   



“You are incorrigible.”



“But terribly good,” Brian bragged.



“I’ll give you that,” Justin agreed, grinning.



Brian kissed him again.



“Want to go again?’ Justin asked.



“Now who’s incorrigible?”



“Don’t you think you’re up to it?” Justin taunted.



“I didn’t say that.”



“Then show me your stuff,” he challenged.



Brian sat up and swatted Justin’s butt.



“Hmm,” he said.  “So many lotions and potions, so little time.  Where shall we start?”



“How about a butt massage from you?” Justin asked.



“I think we can arrange that.  Lay down on your stomach.”



Justin did so, and Brian began kneading his luscious ass.



“I hope these massage tables are up to the pounding,” Brian said, as he climbed on top of Justin.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



The next morning Justin awoke to Brian’s kisses.



“I think yesterday was the best day of my life,” Brian said.



“So when I ask you what’s the best day you ever had, you’ll have an answer, right?”



“Right.”



“There’s just one problem,” Justin said.



“What problem?”



“I thought massages were supposed to relax your muscles.  I’m so stiff; I don’t think I can stand up.”



“That’s because of all the contortions you were doing at the massage parlor.”



“We did find some good positions, didn’t we?” Justin giggled.



“Damn right!  I wasn’t sure some of them were possible...”



“Me either.”



“You certainly are a creative lover,” Brian complimented him.



“It’s my artistic streak.”



“I always knew you were an artist just not in so many interesting ways.”



“We’ve barely scratched the surface, Mr. Kinney.”



Brian knew he was in for an interesting ride, as long as he had Justin with him, and as long as he could keep that little voice in his head at bay.

Chapter 3 - Calm Before the Storm by Thyme

 

Calm Before the Storm  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Everything seemed to be going well for Brian and Justin.  They had been getting along pretty well, with relative tranquility.  Perhaps it was the calm before the storm, as that little voice kept whispering to Brian, or perhaps it was the way things were supposed to be.  That remained to be seen.



They spent a lot of time with each other, and not much with their friends.  The only outing had been the dinner at Lindsay and Mel’s.  That hadn’t gone too well, but afterwards had been spectacular.



One evening as Brian worked on the computer, and Justin did some schoolwork, Justin looked up and said, “Let’s go to Babylon.”



“I thought you had homework.”



“Nothing that can’t wait.  Call the guys and see if they’re interested in going.  We could meet them there.”



“Okay.  We really haven’t done anything with them since the brunch,” Brian said.



He called Michael who said he and Ben could make it.  Ted and Emmett were already planning to go.



“I just can’t imagine those two as a couple,” Brian said.



“Like they couldn’t imagine us at first?” Justin asked.



“Hardly!”  Brian looked horrified.  “I’m half Ted’s age, and you’re much prettier than Emmett.”



“Flattery will get you laid later,” Justin joked.



“Hasn’t taken too much flattery lately!” Brian smirked.



“So I’m a pushover for older men.”



“Stay away from Ted.”



“No worries there.  He belongs to Emm now.”



Brian shook his head, still finding that hard to believe.



They dressed in their best club clothes, suitably slutty.  Brian had his skin-tight black jeans, and equally skin-tight black shirt.  Justin wore blue jeans and a shiny silver shirt, open almost to the navel.



“We are one hot pair!” Brian said.



“The hottest!  We are going to set that place sizzling.”



Brian noticed the pendant, clearly visible with Justin’s open shirt.  Justin saw where his eyes lingered.



“Do you want me to take it off, so no one will know,” he volunteered.



“No,” Brian said.  “Let them see it, and tell them that I gave it to you.”



“Who are you, and where’s the real Brian Kinney?” Justin asked.  “You want me to tell them?”



“Yep.  Only what’s on the back belongs only to me and you.  Okay?”


“Okay!”



“Let’s go.”



When Brian and Justin walked into Babylon together, you could almost hear the gasp.  This was the first time since the “Rage” fiasco that most people had seen either of them, let alone together.  They were a striking pair.  Brian, black and brooding, and Justin, silver and sparkling.  Heads turned and conversations stopped.



Brian took Justin’s hand, claiming him as his own, and led him over to the bar where he had seen the guys.



“That was quite an entrance, you two!” Emmett noted.



“You’ve just created a mad rush on the washrooms, so guys can jerk off,” Ted said.



Brian smirked and Justin did his best “innocent me” face.  Brian ordered two beers.



Michael gave Brian a kiss, and said, “Haven’t seen you in days.”



“Yeah, we decided to rejoin society,” Brian said.



“I’m glad you’re back,” Michael said sincerely.



Ben seemed to be observing all this, but making no comment.



“Is that a new piece of jewelry that I see?” Emmett asked Justin, pointing to the pendant.



“Yes.  Brian gave it to me,” Justin said proudly.



“Well, well, well!  A sun for Sunshine!  How romantic!  And we thought Brian didn’t have a sentimental bone in his body,” Emmett said.



Brian rolled his eyes.  “I can be as sentimental as the next guy,” he said.



“Yeah, if the next guy is Attila the Hun,” Ted said.



Brian glared at him.  “Let’s dance,” he said to Justin.



They all made their way out onto the floor.  Brian rested his hands on Justin’s shoulders, and leaned his forehead against Justin’s.  They had eyes only for each other, but everyone else seemed to have eyes for them.  They gyrated against each other in a primal dance for two.



After a couple of dances, Ted leaned over to Brian and said, “If you two keep this up, I’m going to have to jerk off too.”



“Still into that, are you?”  Brian asked.



Ted sputtered, “I just meant that you were putting on quite a show.”



“I always do my best to entertain.”



“And how!” Ted added.



“Let’s get another drink,” Brian said to Justin.



They went back to the bar and got a couple of beers.  The others soon joined them.



“So what have you guys been doing?” Emmett asked suggestively.



“Lots of that!  We also took Gus on a picnic,” Brian said rather proudly.



“A picnic,” Ted snorted. "How plebeian!  Did you get grass stains on your designer slacks?”



“As a matter of fact, we had a blast!” Brian said emphatically.



“My God, Justin!  You’ve turned him into a suburban hausfrau!” Emmett said, horrified.



Brian rolled his eyes.  “You should try communing with nature sometime, Emm.”



Emmett looked thoroughly disgusted.  “Dirt, bugs, dog poop.  No thanks!”



“I really enjoyed the country that time I went to David’s cabin,” said Michael wistfully, then looked apologetically at Ben.



“That’s part of the reason I wanted to go to Tibet,” Ben said.  “The mountains, clear air.”



“My, my, aren’t we all philosophical tonight.  I need another drink,” Emmett said.



“Why didn’t you go?” Justin asked Ben.



“Some things became more important,” Ben said, kissing Michael’s cheek.



Brian watched them.  “Choices,” he said.



Ben looked at him.  “Choices are what life’s about.  They define who we are.”



“Choices, not change,” Brian thought to himself.



“Earth to Brian,” Justin said.  “You just zoned out.”



“Oh?  I was thinking.”



“We could see the wheels turning.  What were you thinking about?” Justin asked.



“I’ll tell you later.  Let’s dance.”



They headed back to the dance floor, and continued their sexy interaction for several more songs.



“I’m ready to go,” Brian finally said.



“Yeah.  I must be getting old too.  I’m danced out.”



“Cut the ‘old’ references,” Brian ordered with a grin.  “We are a bit out of practice.”



They said goodbye to the boys and headed out.  Brian could feel eyes following them as they left Babylon.  “Maybe things haven’t changed too much,” Brian mused.



When they got in the Jeep, Brian leaned over and kissed Justin.



“What was that for?” Justin asked.



“It was a great idea to come here.  I feel good.”



“Why?  Because you were the belle of the ball?”

“Could you feel it too?  They were envious of us.  We did make them sit up and take notice.  It felt good, like my old self.”



“Not too much like your old self,” Justin said, looking somewhat worried.



“You’re the one I want, my only Sunshine!  I haven’t tricked since we got back together, except for Dick, and we weren’t really together then.”



“Excuses, excuses!” Although, he was glad to hear that Brian hadn’t been with anyone else.  “Except Dick!” he thought ruefully.

“Seriously, I do get urges sometimes, but then I come home to you, and you fuck those urges right out of me.”


“Good.  But remember what I said when we were working things out,” Justin said.  “Tricks don’t bother me, if I don’t have to see them or watch.  I meant it then, and I mean it now.  I know you’re going to be tempted from time to time.”



“The only one who tempts me is a certain blond twink, whose initials are JT.”



“Good, but things won’t always be this perfect between us, and what I said, still goes.  Remember that.  I won’t love you any less.  It was part of our agreement.”



“How did I get so lucky?  Smart, beautiful and sexy as hell!”



“The gods must be looking out for you,” Justin said.



“I’m glad they brought you back to me.”



“Me too.  Let’s go home.”



They couldn’t keep their hands off each other when they got to the loft.  They fucked and sucked.  They rimmed and licked.  They gave each other amazing blowjobs, timing it to come at the same time.  Finally exhausted they snuggled up against each other.



“I’m so happy,” Justin said.



“I think I am too,” Brian responded.



“Think?”



“Happy was never a part of my vocabulary until I met you,” Brian admitted.



“It wasn’t?”



“No.  Worn out, satiated, deliciously tired from fucking, but never what I would call happy.  And it was never enough.  I used to say that all the time.  ‘There’s no such thing as enough.’  I think I’ve found ‘enough’ with you.”



“I love you,” Justin responded.



“Mmmm,” Brian said.



“You still have trouble saying that, don’t you?”



“Yes.  I’m still trying to figure out what it means.”



“I can live with that.  You seem more relaxed tonight, not as worried as you have been.”



“Ben said something that hit home.”



“What was that?”



“That choices define our lives.  I was worried that I was changing myself, and losing my sense of who I am.  Ben made me realize that I’m actually making choices.  Who I am is still the same basic person.  I’m just taking that person in a different direction.  Dick tried to tell me much the same thing.”



Justin tensed at the mention of Dick’s name.  “Are you okay with the choices?” Justin asked.



“More than I was a while ago.  I was full of doubts and worry about what was happening to me.  I think I can put a lot of that behind me now.”



“That’s good.”



“I’m still that selfish asshole that I’ve always been, and you’re going to see him from time to time.”



“Some people seem to bring him out.”



“Yeah, like Melanie and Ted.”



“For sure!”



“I’ll probably show him to you too, whether I want to or not.  Likely at times that you won’t want to deal with him.”



“That’s already happened once or twice,” Justin acknowledged.



“True, but we got through it,” Brian said.



“Yeah.  We did.  Do you still want me to talk to Dick?” Justin asked, knowing what the answer was going to be.



“I’d like that.  I wish you two could be friends, but I think it might help us, if you talked to him.”



“Us?  Explain.”



“I can’t exactly.  I’d just like you to do it.”



Justin sighed.  “Okay then, I’ll do it.”



“Thanks.  I don’t think you’ll regret it.”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin arranged to meet Dick a couple of days later.  They met at a coffee shop, after Dick was finished teaching for the day.  Justin was a little nervous, but he knew Brian wanted this, for whatever reason.



When Dick arrived Justin was sitting in a booth with his sketchbook out, apparently drawing the waitress.



“HI,” said Dick.



“Hi,” Justin said, closing his sketchbook.



“I’m glad you asked to meet.”



“Brian seemed to want this.”



“But you didn’t?” Dick asked.



“Not really.  You’re Brian’s friend ... and trick,” he couldn’t keep himself from adding.



“I told you at the brunch that you were forthright.  You really don’t hold back, do you?”



“Sorry, but that’s part of what bugs me about you.”



“That I’ve fucked Brian?”



“Yes, that, but also that he seems to like you so much, and goes to talk to you when he refuses to talk to me.”



‘You feel threatened?” Dick asked.



“A little.  I want Brian to talk to me, not you.”



“Sometimes people need an objective sounding board, someone not involved in the problem.”



“And that’s you?”



“Brian has used me for that.”



“He’s used you for other things too,” Justin said ruefully.



“That really bites your ass, doesn’t it?”



“I don’t like that he was biting your ass!”



Dick just about spit his mouthful of coffee all over Justin.  When he was able to swallow, he laughed out loud.  “You are something else,” he said.



Justin looked at him.  “I’m going to tell you the same thing I told Brian a couple of days ago.  Tricks don’t bother me, but you’re more than a trick.  I don’t really know what you are to Brian, but I don’t think I like the idea of you being near him.”



“I used to be his trick, and I use the past tense deliberately.  I don’t think that will ever happen again.  I am Brian’s friend, present tense.  And that’s all that I am, or likely to be.”



“See, there it is.”



“There what is?”



“You didn’t say you’d never be more than a friend.  You said ‘likely’ never to be.  You’re leaving that door open.”



“I told you the first time I met you that I’d go after Brian, if I thought I had a chance, but he wants you.  I won’t interfere in that, and I can’t say that any more clearly.  Don’t let your insecurities screw this up for both of you.”



“Can I believe you?”



“Like Brian, I don’t say things I don’t mean.”



“Okay, I’ll believe you.  Let’s leave it at that.”



“Deal,” said Dick, putting out his hand to shake.



Justin rather reluctantly shook his hand.  “I hope I’m not making a mistake trusting you,” he said.



“You’re not,” Dick assured him.



“So what are we supposed to talk about?”



“Brian was really concerned about you pushing him too hard to change, and to say things that he isn’t ready to say.”



“We’ve talked about that.”



“Good.  Try to be patient with him.”



“I do try, but he’s not the easiest person to deal with.  His reaction to problems has always been ‘Fuck it!’ and walk away.  I’m not prepared to settle for that.  I want to thrash it out and get a solution.”



“I agree with you.  Walking away doesn’t really solve anything, but old habits die hard.”



“And then he runs to you.”



“Justin, maybe you should be grateful that he comes to me.”



“Grateful?”



“Well, think about the alternatives, drugs, tricks, booze, not coming back at all.”



“Or coming back without any help from you,” Justin said.



“Granted, that could happen, but how likely is it?  You can count on me to calm him down and send him back to you.”



Justin could feel that Dick was being sincere, and his resentment ebbed a little.  “You’ll do that?” Justin asked.



“I already have, twice.”



“Thanks.  I’m sorry I’ve been so bitchy, but I had to feel that I could trust you.”



“And you do now?”



“I think so.”



“Good.  I’ll try not to let you down.”



“Thanks.”



“Can I see your drawings?” Dick asked.



Justin was surprised that Dick would be interested.  He pushed his sketchpad toward Dick, who picked it up, and began flipping through it.  He would stop occasionally, and study a picture, usually one of Brian, Justin noted.  When he reached the last sketch, he studied it, and the waitress whose portrait it was.



“You’re very talented,” Dick said.



“Thank you.”



“You know, Justin, you are a very exceptional young man.  You’re smart, talented, good looking.”



“You don’t have to flatter me,” Justin said.



“I’m not flattering you, I’m stating the obvious.”



“Why?”



“You have so much going for you, and you have Brian’s love.  Don’t let doubts and jealousy destroy that.  And don’t push him too hard, or he might want out.”



“Want out?  Did he tell you that he might want out?” Justin asked, concerned.



“He did mention that, but I’m just giving you some advice.  I don’t mean anything sinister by it.  You’re pushing me, and if you push Brian like this, I can see why he gets fed up.”



“Fed up?  What the fuck do you mean?  I think I’ve had about as much of this as I can take.  Brian may think you’re so smart, but I think you’re trying to cause trouble.”  Justin grabbed his sketchbook, threw down a couple of dollars, and stormed out.



Dick tried to stop him.  “Justin, wait a minute.  I’m not trying to cause trouble.”



But the door to the coffee shop closed behind Justin.



“That went well,” Dick said to no one in particular.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



When Justin arrived at the loft, Brian wasn’t home yet.  He thought he would make a nice dinner, and try to get Brian in a good mood before mentioning Dick.  He knew Brian was going to be pissed at him.  Maybe he shouldn’t have walked out on Dick, but he knew Dick more than liked Brian.  He hated that Brian would go to Dick instead of talking to him.  He seriously prayed that wouldn’t be what Brian would do when he heard the outcome of their meeting.



Justin was in the middle of preparing pasta with chicken and mushrooms, when the loft door opened.  Brian came in and said, ”Hey.”  He went up to the bedroom and changed his clothes.  Justin worried that he didn’t say anything more.  Did Dick call him?  If so, he was royally screwed.  All he could do was play it out.



“Dinner’s ready,” Justin said, setting the plates out and pouring some wine.



Brian came down from the bedroom and sat down.  “Smells good,” he said.



“I hope you like it,” Justin said hopefully.



Brian began to eat and so did Justin, with occasional glances to try and judge Brian’s mood.  Neither said anything for a while.



Finally Brian said, “It’s very good.”



“Thanks.”



“Did you meet Dick today?” Brian asked.



There it was!  Justin took a deep breath, and said, “Yes.”



“How did it go?”



“All right, at first.”



“And later?”



“Not so well.”



“Meaning?”



“I got mad and walked out.”



“Why?” Brian asked, too calm to suit Justin.



“He wants you, and I don’t like that.”



“But he can’t have me, so why were you rude to him?”



Justin knew then that Dick had called Brian.  He must have spun quite a tale of Justin’s accusations and rudeness.



“Shit! He got to you first,” Justin accused.



“He called to tell me the meeting didn’t go very well.”



“I just bet he did!  I bet he really laid it on about how rude and pushy I was.”  Justin was fighting for control, feeling very threatened.



“He did say you were rude, and that you didn’t seem to believe him about anything.”



“He’s right about that!”



“What happened?  I thought you were okay with talking to him.”



“Well, I’m not.  I don’t trust him.  He’s your friend, not mine.  And he’d like to be a lot more.”



“Not going to happen.”



“How can you be so sure?”



“I won’t let it.”



“He’s already causing trouble between us.  Isn’t that what’s happening right now?”



Brian looked at him, not knowing what to say.



“I thought you talking to Dick would help us,” Brian said rather lamely.



“I guess you were wrong!”



“Seems so.  Let’s forget it,” Brian said, not wanting to cause more trouble.



Justin stared at him.  “Forget it!  Just like that?”



“Yes.  I don’t want Dick to come between us.”



“He’s here between us right now.”



“You know I like talking to him,” Brian said, “and he has helped me a lot.  I want to keep him as a friend.”



“Your friend, not mine!” Justin said emphatically.



“Can you live with that?”



Justin thought seriously about his answer.  He wanted to say no.  Finally he said, “Yes, but don’t expect me to like it, or like him.  As long as he doesn’t try to take you away from me, I guess it’s all right.  I can’t dictate your friends.”



“Then let’s leave it at that,” Brian said.



Justin wanted to continue the discussion, but he remembered what Dick had said about pushing Brian until he got fed up.  He decided to cut his losses and let it go.  “Okay,” he said.



“So I can still be friends with Dick?”



“I can’t tell you who to be friends with,” Justin said again.



“Good.”



They both sat quietly sipping wine.  Neither Brian nor Justin knew what to say.  The tension was palpable.



“Fuck,” thought Brian.  “This was supposed to help.”



“Fuck,” Justin thought.  “This sure didn’t help.”



The little voice in Brian’s head whispered, “You messed up big time!”

Chapter 4 - Relationships by Thyme

 

Relationships  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Brian met with Dick a couple of days later.  He was still ticked with Justin.  He couldn’t see what Dick would have done to cause Justin to walk out on him.  Justin even admitted he had been rude and pushy.  What had happened?  Brian needed some answers.



They were to meet for a beer at Woody’s at 6 pm.  Dick wasn’t there when Brian arrived, so he got a quiet table and a beer for himself while he waited.  When Dick arrived he had to admit that he looked good.  Brian had missed talking to him.



Dick ordered a beer at the bar, and joined him.



“You look good,” Brian said.



“Thanks.  You don’t.”



“Well, fuck you!” Brian said, only partially joking.



“I just meant you aren’t quite up to your usual standards, but you always look varying degrees of great!” Dick qualified what he had said.



“That’s better,” Brian said.



“Do those frown lines mean trouble with Justin?” Dick asked.  “I hope it’s not because of me.”



“There’s no trouble.  I just don’t understand what happened between the two of you.”



“He doesn’t trust me.”



“Why not?”



“He thinks I’m after you.”



“And are you?”



Dick considered his answer.  “If the opportunity arises, yes.  But right now I’ll just be your friend.”



Brian frowned.  “Did you tell Justin that?”



“More or less.”



“Shit! No wonder he walked out on you.”



“Why?  I was just being honest.  I know you love him.”



“You have no idea how long it has taken us to get to where we are now, and how many obstacles we had to overcome.  Justin’s still not very secure about our ... er ... relationship.  Hell, neither am I!”



“You have trouble even saying that word relationship, don’t you?  I didn’t realize that was such a sore spot.  I thought you two were together and secure.  I’m sorry if I upset him.  That wasn’t my intention.”



“Well, now I understand what set him off.”



“Is he that insecure?”



“Justin’s been through a lot, and I didn’t always help matters.”



“Is it that he’s too young to know what he wants?”



“He knows what he wants.  I can’t always give it to him.”



“I can’t imagine you not fulfilling his needs in every way.”



Brian laughed.  “There’s more than sex.”



“I know that,” Dick chuckled.  “But you’re intelligent and kind.  What more could he want?”



“I’m not always kind,” Brian admitted, “and he does want more.”



“I think he’s a fool!  He doesn’t know when he’s well off.”



Brian didn’t like where this was going.  He wasn’t prepared to have anyone call Justin a fool, even Dick.



“Maybe we better drop the subject of Justin,” Brian said.



“Fine by me,” said Dick.  “Seen any good movies lately?”



Brian laughed.  This was a side of Dick he hadn’t seen before.  He didn’t seem to care about Justin’s feelings, or that Brian was concerned.  Brian finished his beer and got up to leave.



“Say hi to Justin for me,” Dick said somewhat sarcastically.



“Sure,” Brian said and left.



Brian was rattled.  He thought he knew Dick pretty well.  He liked his blunt, no nonsense way of talking, but he had really put Justin on the spot.  Dick’s bluntness had actually fed Justin’s fears.  It hadn’t calmed them.  His honesty must have seemed like taunting to Justin.  How could he have been so stupid to push them together?  He should have realized that Justin’s reluctance must have been based on something.  He had simply ignored Justin’s feelings, and Justin had gone along with it, because Brian wanted them to be friends.  It had been a recipe for disaster from the beginning, but Brian had been thinking only about what he wanted.  He was still the selfish bastard that he had warned Justin about.  It had just taken a different form than either of them had expected.  He hoped he would be able to fix things.  Shit!  He always hated that fucking word ‘relationship’.  He knew he would suck at it.  He had carefully avoided it for so many years.  But now, he had to deal with this ‘relationship’ with Justin, if he wanted to keep him, and he did, above all else.  Why did it have to be so hard?



Brian headed back to the loft, worried about what to say to Justin.  Dick’s honesty certainly hadn’t worked.  What if he was honest and Justin took it the wrong way?  He’d have to choose his words carefully.  Fuck, he hated walking on eggshells.  He should be able to speak his mind.



By the time he got to the loft he had worked himself into quite a lather.  He felt that he should apologize, but he didn’t do apologies.  He was torn about what to say, how to say it, and how Justin might react.



He opened the loft door, and knew immediately that Justin wasn’t there.  Justin knew Brian had been meeting with Dick.  Was he avoiding the outcome?  Now Brian had to stew in his own juices a little longer.  He couldn’t get this over with.  He’d have to wait.



He grabbed a bottle of Beam and downed a good quarter of it.  The liquor hit his empty stomach like a ton of bricks.  For a moment he wasn’t sure it was going to stay down.  He flopped on the couch.  Good old Jim could keep him company till Justin came home, then they would thrash this out.



Brian had consumed over half the bottle when he heard Justin opening the door.  He had quite a buzz going, and that had dampened his worry about facing Justin.  He would apologize for forcing Justin to talk to Dick, and then they would fuck and make up.



He grinned at Justin.  “Hey, gorgeous!” he said in what he thought was his most ingratiating voice.



“You’re drunk,” Justin said.



“Me.  No.  I’ve been waiting patiently for you with the help of my old friend Jim.”  Brian patted the bottle affectionately.



“And how was your old friend Dick?” Justin asked.



“He says hi.”



“I just bet he does.  Have you eaten anything?”



“No. Not hungry.  Just want to fuck you,” he grinned.



“You should eat something and sober up.  Then we’ll see about fucking.”



“Laying out the rules again?” Brian asked.



“These aren’t rules.  You need to sober up, so we can have a sensible discussion.”


“Talk, talk, talk!  I’m fucking sick of talking.  I’m sick of worrying about saying the wrong thing,” Brian blathered.



“Well, you’re saying the wrong thing now!”



“See.  Proves my point!”



“You’re too drunk to know what the point is,” Justin said, anger rising.



“Not nearly drunk enough to deal with you.”



Justin didn’t know what to say.  Arguing with a drunk seemed useless.  Justin started to say, “Brian ...”



“That’s my name.  What do you want me to do now?”



“I don’t want you to do a damn thing.  You want to get falling-down drunk, go ahead!  You want to argue, argue with yourself.  I’m not interested.  You want to fuck, go jerk off, because I’m out of here!”



He turned and walked out of the loft.  He didn’t know where he was going, but away from Brian was all he could think.



Brian watched the door close.  “He’ll be back,” he said to himself.  He wished he could be sure about that.  “Screwed up again,” the little voice whispered in his head.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



For over an hour Justin sat on the stairs two floors down from the loft.  He knew there was no point in going back upstairs.  Brian would still be drunk.  He had no intention of sobering up from what Justin had seen.



What had happened with Dick he wondered?  Brian hadn’t been like this since they got back together.  He still drank, occasionally too much, but not mean drunk like this.  Something must have set him off.  He’d have to find out, but not until Brian was in a better state to talk.



Justin wasn’t sure what to do.  He didn’t want to go back upstairs.  They’d just fight, and Justin didn’t yet know what they were fighting about.  Who could he call?  He wished Daphne were here.  He could always crash with her.  He ran through his other options, his mother, Debbie, Lindsay.  They’d all want explanations, and he didn’t even have an explanation for himself.  He just knew he had to be away from Brian for a while.



Then a thought hit him.  He wondered.  He dialed his cell phone, and a voice said, “Hello?”



“Emm, is Michael there?” Justin asked.



“No. He’s with the hunkalicious professor tonight.  You could reach him there.”



“It’s really you I want to talk to.  I didn’t want to have to deal with Michael if he was there.  Can I come over?”


“Of course, sweetie.”



“Be right there,” Justin said, hanging up.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian had a few more shots of Beam.  His buzz had worn off after Justin left.  He had meant to apologize, but when he saw Justin, all he wanted to do was fuck him.



“Liquor brings out my best instincts,” he laughed to himself.  “I really got fucked on that one,” he thought.  “The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.”  He wondered if there were any more platitudes he could dredge up from the depths of his brain.



He went up to his stash box, and selected a couple of pills and a joint.  “It’s going to be a long evening,” he thought, as he washed the pills down with Beam.  He crashed on the sofa, after lighting up.  “Maybe this will help me mellow out, while I wait for Justin to come back,” he mused.  He closed his eyes and took a long drag on the joint.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Emmett let Justin in, and saw immediately that he was upset.  He wondered what Brian had done now.



“So, want a beer?” he asked.



Justin shook his head.



“What’s wrong?” Emmett asked.



“Is Michael going to be gone all night?” Justin asked.



“I think so.”



“Could I stay here tonight?”



“Sure, sweetie, but why?  What did Brian do?”



“He’s drunk, and I’m not ready to deal with him.”


“I thought you two were doing great,” Emmett observed.



“So did I.”



“So, what happened?”



“I think it has something to do with Dick.  Brian went to talk to him tonight.  When I got home he was drunk.”



“I wonder what Mr. Gorgeous did?” Emmett speculated.



“I wish I knew, but Brian was too drunk to give me any straight answers.  He reverted to his old pattern, and wanted to fuck me.  You know, fuck first, talk later, and maybe you won’t have to talk.”



“That’s Brian.  Always predictable.”



“But Emm, I thought we had gotten past that.  We have been talking things out.  It all started with that asshole Dick.”



“I thought he seemed nice at the brunch.”



“Me too.  He was very kind and concerned at first, but something bugged me about him.  Brian fucked him, twice, and could remember his name.  Christ, he couldn’t even remember my name when we first fucked.  This really worried me.”



“I can see why.  That doesn’t sound like Brian’s usual pattern.”



“Exactly.  So that told me that Dick was something special to him.”



“And he gets invited to brunch,” Emmett added.



“Right.  This was supposed to be our big moment, but he wanted Dick there.  I went along with it.  Twice when Brian and I had problems, Brian ran to Dick to talk.  Rather than talk to me!  To his credit Dick didn’t fuck him again.  He sent him home to me.”



“So Brian thought he was this great, helpful friend.”



“Yeah.  Then Brian wanted me to talk to him.  He said it might help us.”



“Help.  How?”



“That’s it.  I don’t know.  I put it off as long as I could, but Brian kept hinting at it.  Finally, I thought I might as well get it over with, and I had coffee with Dick a couple of days ago.”



“How did that go?” Emmett asked.



“Fine at first.  He was all ‘Brian’s a great guy.  You’re very lucky.  Don’t screw it up.’  I got this vibe that he wanted to be more than just Brian’s friend, and I sure didn’t get a vibe that he wanted to be my friend, although he said he did.”



“What happened?”



“Dick is very blunt.  I think that’s part of what Brian likes about him, so I decided to be blunt too.  I asked him point blank if he was interested in being more than Brian’s friend.  He said yes, if the opportunity arose.”



“Bastard!” Emmett said.



“Thanks, Emm.  I’ve been feeling like I’m the only one who could see any problem with this.  Brian said he knew Dick’s feelings, but nothing would come of it, because he wouldn’t let it.”



“That’s something, isn’t it?”



“I guess.”



“What else happened at coffee talk?”



“Dick tried to assure me that he wouldn’t go after Brian, that he would send Brian back if he came to talk to him.  I almost believed him.  I wanted to, but something just didn’t feel right.”



“Dick’s a hunk.  I can see why you were worried,” Emmett said.



“Then he started telling me to back off with Brian.  Don’t push him to talk or he might want out.  He told me I’d force him away by pushing too hard.  That Brian would get fed up with me.”



“Who does he think he is?”



“Exactly!  I got mad and walked out.”



“Good for you, sweetie!”



“Not so good for me.  Dick tattled to Brian before I could talk to him.  Brian was mad.  I could tell, but he tried to say it was all right.  I could feel the distance between us.”



“I’m sorry,” Emmett said.



“Anyway, Brian went to talk to Dick today, and he was drunk when I got home.  I don’t know what that means.  Is he pissed at me?  Did he fuck Dick, and he feels guilty?  I just don’t know, Emm.”  Justin fought back tears.



“You stay here tonight, and longer if you need.  When Brian’s sober, you can work this out.”



“Thanks, Emm.  I hope so.”



Emmett hugged Justin.  Justin sincerely hoped that he was right, and he and Brian would be able to work this out.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian woke the next morning on the couch.  His back felt like someone had tied it in a knot, and his head felt worse.  He hadn’t had a hangover like this in quite a while.  Hell, he was out of practice drinking since Justin had come back.



“Justin,” he called, wondering if he had returned.



There was no answer.  He remembered rousing himself at 3 am, their old curfew time, and there was no Justin then either.  He had had a couple more pills and a lot more bourbon, when he realized Justin had missed the curfew.  Even if it wasn’t one of their rules anymore, he had expected him to be home by then.



Now it was 6:30 and there was still no sign of him.  Where could he be?  Why hadn’t he come home?  They hadn’t really fought.  At least he couldn’t remember fighting.  He had wanted to fuck Justin.  He was sure he had told him that.  And apologize!  He couldn’t remember apologizing, although he had intended to.



“Shit!” he thought.  “What have I done?”



He pried himself off the couch and tried to straighten up.  While he was bent over, he noted two bottles of Beam beside the couch, one empty and one about half full.  “I really got pissed last night,” he said to the empty loft.  He had the head to prove it.



He headed for the shower.  Fifteen minutes of water, as hot as he could stand, loosened his back muscles and relieved some of the pounding in his head.  He had a serious hard-on, and had to do a little hand work to relieve himself of that problem.



He dressed for work, deciding he would call Justin from there, if Justin didn’t call him, first.  He hoped he would.  If Justin took the first step, it would be easier.



“Coward,” the little voice said.



By nine o’clock Justin had not called.  He couldn’t stand it any longer.  He dialed Justin’s cell phone number.  Two rings, and the familiar voice said, “Hello.”



Brian wanted to scream, “Where the fuck are you?”, but the little voice warned him to be careful.



“Where are you?” he asked as calmly as he could.



“Studio at school,” Justin replied.



“Why didn’t you come home last night?”



“I was there, but you were too drunk to care.”



“I care,” his head said.  “Not as drunk as I got later,” he heard himself saying.



“Are you bragging about it?” Justin asked, not believing his ears.



“Fuck! Where were you all night?” Brian asked, tired of beating around the bush.



“Some place safe, away from you,” Justin said cruelly.



“Stop playing games, and tell me where you were.”



“What does it matter?  I told you I’d talk to you when you were sober enough for a sensible discussion.  Are you?”



“Of course I am.  I’m at work.”



“So when do you want to talk?” Justin asked.



“After work, at home,” Brian said hopefully.



“I won’t be there.  I’m not coming back to a repeat performance of last night.”



“That won’t happen.”



“I’m not sure I can believe that.  What set you off anyway?”  Justin wanted to know.



“I think we need to talk about this face to face,” Brian admitted.



“Agreed.”



“Come to dinner with me at Demetre’s?” Brian asked.



“All right.  I’ll meet you there at seven.”



Justin hung up before Brian could say anything else.



Brian wasn’t happy about this.  It didn’t sound like Justin was coming back to the loft any time soon.  The little voice began its worrisome whispers once again.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian was waiting at their table when Justin arrived at the restaurant.  He had had one glass of red wine to take a bit of the edge off.  He was worried, even a little scared.  He didn’t want to make matters worse than they already were.  He wanted another glass of wine, but thought better of it, not wanting to add fuel to Justin’s complaints about him being drunk.  He needed his wits about him.



Brian felt a stirring in his groin, as soon as Justin walked in.  “Shit, he has such an effect on me!” Brian thought.



Justin saw him and sat down at the table.  Brian poured him a glass of wine, letting him see the bottle was quite full.  He poured another for himself.



“Cheers,” he said, raising his glass and taking a drink.



Justin looked at him, not moving.



“Is this the silent treatment?” Brian asked.



“Don’t get testy, or I’m leaving,” Justin said.



“Let’s order,” Brian said, hoping food would improve both their moods.  They sat silently for a few minutes, until their salads arrived.  Brian didn’t know what to say.  Justin seemed to take offense at everything.



Justin took a bite of salad and watched Brian.  “He’s worried,” Justin thought.  “That’s good.  He should be.”  Justin continued to eat, while Brian did little more than move his food around on the plate.



Finally Brian said, “Aren’t we going to talk?”



“Yes.”



“When?  Over dessert?”



“Whenever you’re ready,” Justin said.



“I’m ready now.  Where were you?”



“I could tell you that it’s none of your business.”



“Is that how you feel?”



“No, but I was very disappointed in you last night,” Justin said.



“Seems like I disappoint you a lot.”



“No.  Usually you don’t.  Why did seeing Dick make you get drunk?  What did he tell you?”



“Is that why you think I was drunk?”



“Well, isn’t it?”



“I got drunk waiting for you.  I thought you’d be home, and you weren’t.  I thought you were punishing me for seeing Dick.  I was worried you wouldn’t accept my apology.”



“What apology?”



“The one I never made.”



“How could I accept it or refuse it, if you never made it?  Besides, you never say you’re sorry.”



“I wanted to.  I realized I had acted like the selfish bastard I warned you about.”



“How did you do that?”



“By forcing you to talk to Dick.”



“God, why didn’t you tell me that?”



“I got drunk trying to figure out how to say it.”



Justin laughed out loud.



“What’s so funny?” Brian asked, pleased that Justin was laughing instead of being mad.



“I can’t believe that’s why you got drunk.”



“Why not?  What did you think?”



“That you’d fucked Dick, and felt guilty.”



“Shit, Justin.  I wouldn’t do that.  I told you.”



“I know, but even Emmett thinks Dick is pretty hot, and you were mad at me for walking out on him.”



“Justin, you’re much more important to me than Dick is.  I’m not going to fuck him ever again.  Tricks maybe, but not Dick.”



“For sure?”



“Yes, for sure.  I don’t know if I’ll even see him as a friend.”



“Why?  What happened?”



“He told me what he said to you.  I understand why you were upset.  He doesn’t know our history.  I never should have sent you to talk to him.  I was selfish.”



“Really?”



“Yes.   He wasn’t at all sympathetic to you.  He didn’t seem to care that he upset you.  I won’t put up with that from anybody.”



“Why didn’t you tell me this last night?”



“I was too drunk, and when I see you, all I want to do is fuck you.  You drive me insane.  My cock got hard just from you walking in here.”



“Why do you think I couldn’t talk at first?” Justin asked.



“You too?  Let’s get out of here.”



Brian threw down an obscene amount of money, and they rushed out of the restaurant.



They never made it to the loft.  Brian found an alley and they blew each other.  They saved the rest for when they did reach their own bed, happy to be back together, at least for now.

Chapter 5 - A Dinner to Remember by Thyme

 

A Dinner to Remember  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin opened the door.  A feeling of dread overwhelmed him.  He entered the loft, fearing that something was very wrong.



“Brian,” he called.  There was no answer.



Justin felt his breath catch in his throat.  He tried to take a breath, but it wouldn’t come.  He gasped, and turned around to run.  Behind him was the open loft door, suddenly filled by a looming figure holding a baseball bat.  As Justin stepped back in fear, the figure stepped forward into the loft, raising the baseball bat as he advanced.  It was Chris Hobbs.



“No!!” Justin screamed, as the bat was swung at his head.



“Justin!  Justin!” the voice demanded.



“No, no,” Justin moaned.



Arms gathered him in and squeezed.  A voice said softly, “Wake up, Justin.  It’s all right.  You’re dreaming.”



Justin’s eyes fluttered open, and he looked around, confused.



“What?  Where am I?” he stammered.



Brian held him tightly and said, “In the loft, in bed, with me.  You were dreaming.  It’s all right.”



“Brian?” Justin said, and threw his arms around Brian’s neck.  “Are you really here?”



“Yes.  What was it?  What scared you?”



Justin shook his head, not wanting to put the dream into words.



“Tell me.  You’ll feel better if you get it out.  What was the dream?  You haven’t had one of these for a long time.  Please, tell me, Justin.”



Justin held on to Brian’s neck.  He still felt like he could barely breathe, just like the dream.  But Brian was here now.  He would protect him.  He had to calm down.



“Justin!  Talk to me.  Tell me what happened,“ Brian urged.



“Chris Hobbs,” Justin finally said.



“Shit!  Is that fucking creep still lurking in your head?”



Justin nodded.  “He was here in the loft with a baseball bat, and I couldn’t find you!”  Justin shuddered.



“I’m here now, and there’s no Chris Hobbs.”



“I know,” Justin said, relaxing his grip on Brian’s neck a little bit.  “I thought I was over these nightmares.  I haven’t had one for months.  Why now?”  He sighed.



“Did something bad happen that triggered it?” Brian asked.



“I don’t think so.”



“There’s probably something.  Think back.”



Justin frowned, and Brian could see that he was replaying events, looking for something that might have caused the nightmare.  He shook his head.  Nothing was coming to him.



“It’s all right,” Brian said.  “Do you think you can go back to sleep?”



“If you hold me,” Justin sighed.



Brian rolled Justin onto his side and snuggled up against his back.  He wrapped his arms around the boy’s chest, rubbing gently.



“Feels good,” Justin said, starting to feel sleepy.  “I wish I could sleep like this every night.”



“You can,” Brian stated.



“Not after tomorrow,” Justin yawned, holding on to Brian’s hand a little tighter.



“Oh,” said Brian, remembering his business trip to Boston.  “You’re not worried about being here alone, are you?”



“I don’t think so,” said Justin.  “But ... “



“But what?”



“In the dream I came into the loft and you weren’t here.  Then Chris Hobbs was in the doorway.  You don’t think that could be it, do you?  That I’m afraid to be here without you?”



“I don’t know.  Maybe,” Brian said.



They were silent, each thinking about what this meant.  Justin couldn’t believe he could be such a baby about being alone that it would cause the nightmare.  Brian wondered if his trip was the cause of Justin’s bad dream.  Maybe he shouldn’t go, if it was such a worry to Justin.  Brian heard a whispered warning in his head.



It was a long time before either of them slept.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



The next morning Justin tried to downplay the nightmare.  He knew Brian had been planning this trip for days.  The company had a good shot at acquiring an important new client.  Brian would be able to swing the deal.  He was very good at that kind of thing.  Justin didn’t want to mess this up for Brian.



Brian came out of the shower and Justin handed him a glass of guava juice.



“I’ve been thinking.  Maybe I shouldn’t go to Boston.  I could get Gardner to go instead,” Brian began.



“Brian, I’ll be all right.  I’m not going to freak out, just because you’re gone.  It was only a dream,” Justin tried to convince him.



“It was a nightmare, and I don’t want to leave you.”



“I’ll be fine, and this is important to the company.”



“But you’re more important.”



“Thanks for the offer, but you can’t stay with me every minute for the rest of our lives.”



“I’d like to.”



Justin smiled.  “You are such an old softie!  I love you so much, but you are going on your trip.”



“Are you sure?” Brian asked, not convinced.



“I’m sure.  I’ll be fine while you’re gone.  We could have phone sex both nights.”  He batted his eyes at Brian.  “It’s only for two days, and we still have tonight before you go.”



“Let’s do something special,” Brian said.



“Want me to make a special dinner?” Justin volunteered.



“No, I’m taking you out.”



“Okay.  Where?”



“It’s a surprise.  Be here at seven, and I’ll show you.”



“It’s a date,” Justin grinned.



Brian rolled his eyes.  “Date,” he said.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin wasn’t sure where they were going, so he didn’t know how to dress.  He tried several combinations of jeans, slacks, shirts and sweaters.  He didn’t want to get too dressed up, because he was sure Brian would have told him if there was a dress code.  He didn’t want to be too casual, because he was hoping this would be a nice place.  He was looking forward to his “date”, even if Brian still rebelled at calling it that.  He finally decided on charcoal grey pinstripe trousers, and a dove-grey sweater.  He hoped this would be appropriate.



Brian arrived at seven, and pronounced Justin to be dazzling.  He rushed him out to the Jeep, refusing to say where they were going.  The traffic was quite light, and they seemed to be making good time, heading downtown.  Suddenly Brian pulled into a McDonald's restaurant, and stopped the Jeep.



Justin looked at Brian, disbelief in his eyes.  “This is it?” he finally asked.  “This is the special dinner?”



Brian smiled his most angelic smile, and said, “I never have junk food, and I know you like it.  So I thought we’d splurge in fast food heaven here.  What do you think?”



“Sure, if that’s what you want,” Justin said, obviously disappointed.



“You know, you told me when we got back together that you were going to speak your mind.  You weren’t just going to take my crap and say nothing.  Do you remember?”



“I do,” said Justin, wondering what the Hell Brian was talking about.



“So?”



“What do you mean, so?” Justin asked.



“Do you want to go to this crap emporium for dinner?”



“No, I don’t!” Justin said emphatically.



“Then speak up!” Brian goaded him.



“I don’t want to have dinner here.  Can’t you come up with anything better?” Justin challenged.



“Hmm,” Brian said.  “I bet I can, now that I know that you want something better.”  His eyes twinkled with mischief.  “Our reservation is for 7:30.  I didn’t want to be early, since the traffic was so light, so I thought I’d tease you a bit.”



Justin swatted him.  “Asshole!  Quit messing with my mind!  This reservation better be for something good, or I’m going to make you pay big time,” Justin said, trying to look serious.



Brian smirked.  “I was thinking of making you pay later.  This place isn’t cheap.”



“And how were you planning to make me pay.  I already owe you thousands,” Justin groaned.



“I didn’t mean to bring up money.  I was thinking of taking it out in trade,” he said, looking lustfully at Justin.



Justin giggled.  “You’ll have to wait till we get home.”



“Not necessarily,” Brian said enigmatically.



“Not here, Brian,” Justin said, looking around.



“Hell no!  I don’t eat at McDonalds, why would I want to fuck here?”



Justin looked relieved.  Brian started the car, and they continued downtown.  Brian turned into a street of very large old houses, probably once considered mansions.  He found a parking space on the street and got out.  Justin wasn’t sure what was going on.  This looked like a residential area.  He wondered if Brian was playing another trick on him.  He got out of the Jeep, and followed Brian up the street.  Brian stopped about four houses up, and took Justin’s hand.  He started up the sidewalk to the front door.



Above the door, Justin saw a small sign, “Emile’s”.



“Is this a restaurant?” he asked Brian.



Brian rang the bell, and the door was immediately opened by a middle aged man in an impeccable tuxedo.  He must have been very handsome when he was young, because he could still take your breath away.



“Good evening, Brian,” he said in welcome.



“Emile,” Brian said, shaking his hand.  “You look splendid as always.”



Emile smiled.  “And who is your companion for the evening?”



“This is Justin Taylor.  Justin, Emile,” Brian said, introducing them.



They shook hands.  “Would you like me to show Mr. Taylor around, before I take you to your table?” Emile asked.



Brian looked at Justin, who nodded.  “Call me Justin, please.”



“Certainly, Justin.  Come this way.”  He led them over to a door on one side of the hallway.  It opened into a green room that ran the length of that side of the house.  There were perhaps twenty tables, all full of diners.  The room was extravagant in every respect.  The carpet was dark green, and beyond plush.  The walls were pale green silk, covered with paintings that Justin recognized, the artist if not that particular piece.  They looked real.  There were chandeliers on the ceiling, antiques along the walls, fine crystal and china.  “Opulent” was the word that came to mind.



Emile then took them across the hall to the doorway of what he called the “Bronze Room”.  It was a little smaller, about twelve tables, but each with more privacy.  Banquettes with high backs divided each table from its neighbors.  Everything was bronze, beige and black, with large bronze statues situated throughout the room.  Some looked to be art deco, but Justin thought a few were very old.



All these tables seemed to be filled too.  Justin wondered where they would be put.



Emile said, “How do you like the decor so far, Justin?”



“Magnificent,” he said, eliciting a broad smile from Emile.  “You have a wonderful art collection.”



“Why, thank you.  Are you interested in art?” Emile asked.



“I’m a student at PIFA,” Justin said.



“He’s very talented,” Brian said, smiling at him.



Justin almost burst with pride.  He wasn’t sure that he had ever heard Brian say that to anyone before, although he knew Brian liked his work and thought he was good.



“Ah,” Emile said, “then you will understand that I am very proud of my collection.”


“It’s wonderful!” Justin complimented him.



Brian never ceased to be amazed at how easily Justin handled social situations.  He always seemed to know the right thing to say and do.  Brian could tell he had captivated Emile already.



“Well gentlemen, let me show you to your table,” Emile said, starting up the stairs.  Brian and Justin followed.  On the landing above there were four doors.  Emile opened the first one and stood back for Brian and Justin to enter.  “I hope you will have a lovely evening and everything will be to your satisfaction.”



They both said, “Thank you,” and Emile closed the door as he left.



Justin looked around.  The room had probably been a bedroom at one time.  It had a soft Oriental carpet on the floor, a fireplace on one wall, a table beautifully set for two and an antique chaise along the side wall.



“We have the whole room to ourselves?” Justin asked.



Brian nodded.  “Want some wine?” he asked, an open bottle visible in the cooler by the table.



“Sure,” Justin said.



Brian poured wine into two beautiful crystal goblets, then took them to the chaise and sat down.  Justin joined him.  They toasted to a lovely evening, and kissed lingeringly.



“Won’t the waiter be in soon?” Justin asked, coming up for air.



“He won’t come until I push the buzzer over there to summon him,” Brian said, pointing to a button near the fireplace.



“Really?” said Justin.



“We have absolute privacy until we want the food delivered.  I’ve already chosen the menu when I made the reservation.”



“Wow!  This is quite a place.”



“You haven’t seen the half of it,” Brian said.



Justin’s eyes got bigger.



“Want to have appetizers?” Brian asked.



“Sure.  I’m hungry.”



“You’re always hungry!” Brian said, pushing the buzzer.



They drank some more wine, until there was a gentle knock at the door.



“Come in,” said Brian.



“Good evening,” said the waiter.  He wheeled in a cart containing two covered dishes and a silver basket containing various breads.  He set the bread and plates on the table, and turned to wheel the cart out.  “If you require anything else, or when you are ready for the next course, please ring,” he said.



“Thanks, Carlos,” Brian said, as the waiter left.



“You know him?” Justin asked.



“I bring business clients here a lot, but usually to the main rooms downstairs.  Occasionally I’ve been upstairs.  Let’s eat.”



They moved to the table and lifted the covers.  Justin looked at the shell-shaped dish.  It had six indentations, each containing something.



“Are these escargots?” Justin asked.



“Yes.  Have you ever had them?” Brian asked.



“No.  Are they good?”



“Try them.”



Justin popped one into his mouth.  It was succulent, very garlicky and absolutely delicious.  “Mmm,” Justin said.  “They are scrumptious!”



“I’m glad you like them,” Brian said, eating his own.



When they were finished Brian moved back to the chaise, and Justin again joined him.



“This is great.” Justin said.



“Want to dance?” Brian asked.



“There’s no music,” Justin observed.



“I can fix that.”  Brian flipped open a panel on the little table next to the chaise.  He pushed a button, and a slow romantic song began to play.  Brian pulled Justin into his arms, and they moved together to the music.  He leaned down and kissed Justin.  They continued to sway to the music, bodies welded together.



“God, Brian, we’ll never get through dinner if you keep this up.”  Justin was breathing heavily.  Brian’s hand was on his crotch.



“I think you need a little relief,” Brian said.  He pushed Justin down on the chaise, and stretched his legs out, leaving space for him to kneel between them.  He unzipped Justin’s fly, and pulled out the straining cock.  Justin moaned at Brian’s touch.



“Easy, young fella,” Brian said.  “I’m just getting started.”



Brian ran his tongue up one side of Justin’s cock and down the other.  Justin groaned.  Brian placed his mouth over the tip of Justin’s cock, and sucked the precum into his mouth.  He used his tongue to spread it up and down the shaft.  Justin’s head fell back against the chaise arm.  Brian looked up at him; his eyes were partially closed and his mouth was open.  Brian placed his lips around the tip again and pulled gently.  Justin gasped.  Brian gradually took all of the engorged shaft down his throat.  He buried his nose in Justin’s pubic hair, and rolled his balls with his fingers.  Justin moaned his pleasure.



Brian began moving his lips up and down the shaft, slowly at first, but gradually increasing the speed.  Justin’s hips began to push up, fucking Brian’s face.  Brian stayed still and let Justin do the work for a while.  His mouth accepted each thrust, sucking at the cock as it withdrew.  Justin’s movements became more frantic.  Brian sucked harder and squeezed Justin’s balls.



“Oh, gaaawwwd, Brian,” he gasped, as he shot into Brian’s throat.  Brian swallowed it all, then sat down on the chaise with Justin, cradling him and kissing him softly.  Justin was panting, eyes closed, body limp.  He lay like that for a few minutes.



“That was fantastic!” he sighed.  “Who needs food?”



Brian kissed him.  “We do.  The food is fabulous and I’ve already paid for it.”



Justin smiled at him.  “Okay. Next course,” he said, zipping up his pants.



Brian pushed the buzzer, and they sat back sipping wine.  The knock on the door signaled the arrival of the next course.  They moved over to the table after Carlos cleared the used dishes.  He had replaced them with new covered ones.  They lifted the covers to reveal salmon in a maple sauce, baby roast potatoes and green beans.  It was absolutely delicious.  Even Brian ate all of his.



“That was great!” Justin said.  “Are we having dessert?”



“I ordered some.  Do you want it now?”  Brian asked.



“What time do we have to be out of here?”



“Midnight, why?”



“I thought we might work off a few calories before we indulge in more.”



“Did you now?  What did you have in mind?”



“A little more dancing, a tango, if we can get the right music.”  Brian nodded.  “In the nude,” Justin added.



“I’ve never tangoed in the nude.”  Brian shook his head and smiled.  “Let’s try it.”



They quickly disrobed and Brian pushed buttons, until he found a tango.  They embraced in the traditional tango stance, and then started to move, tentatively at first, but feeling the tempo of the music.  Justin led, being the better dancer, but occasionally Brian tipped him back, showing his dominance.  They rubbed their crotches together, legs intertwining.  They giggled and kissed, and cursed a bit as toes were stepped on.  Both had swollen lips and serious hard-ons by the end of the song.



“That was fun,” Brian laughed, kissing Justin passionately.



“I don’t think we’ll be winning any tango contests in the near future, but it was fun.”  Justin looked at Brian’s bouncing cock, and said, “Your turn.”  He led Brian over to the chaise.  “Kneel on it,” he said.



Brian asked, “What are you going to do?”



“A rimming job that you’ll never forget,” Justin bragged.



Brian looked at him.  He did love to be rimmed, but rarely allowed Justin to take it further and top him.  “Maybe tonight,” he thought.  “Just a minute,” he said.  He went over to a little cupboard and pulled out a sheet.  “We wouldn’t want to ruin Emile’s antique,” he said, throwing the sheet over the chaise.  He knelt on top of it, resting his arms and head on the back of the chaise.  His ass was offered up in all its glory.



Justin giggled. “This place does have everything.”



Brian twitched his ass temptingly.  Justin leaned over him and kissed the back of his neck.  His fully erect penis rubbed against Brian’s ass, and Brian moaned.



“You’re really ready,” Justin observed.



He raked his fingers down Brian’s chest, as he leaned over him.  At the same time his tongue followed Brian’s spine to the crack of his ass.  He stopped, placed his arms fully around Brian’s chest, and pulled them together, making sure that Brian would feel the imprint of his cock on his ass.  Brian moaned again.  Justin smiled and pushed Brian’s shoulders down.  He spread his ass cheeks, and licked Brian’s pucker.  His head flew up in anticipation.  Justin then kissed, kneaded, nipped and sucked the cheeks of Brian’s ass, carefully avoiding the pucker.



“Justin,” Brian begged.



Justin grinned and stuck his tongue into the pucker.  Brian gasped, and Justin continued darting his tongue in and out.  Brian rocked back, trying to take the tongue in farther.  His moans became more frequent.



“Fuck me, Justin!” Brian demanded.



“Really?” Justin asked, grinning.



“Now!” was the growled response.  Brian reached over and pulled open the drawer of the little table.  Condoms, lube and some interesting toys were visible.  Justin grabbed a condom, and used the lube and his fingers to further ready Brian’s hole.  Brian was panting, as Justin pressed his cock to the pucker.  He pushed in past the first ring of muscle.  Brian’s head came up, and he gasped, “Fuck!”



“Ready?” Justin asked.



Brian nodded, and thrust the rest of the way in.  He was fully inside Brian and it felt wonderful.  Brian was so tight, rarely allowing this to happen.  Justin stayed still, loving the sensation of heat and tightness around his cock.  Brian was in a more needy state.  He pulled away a bit, then pushed back onto Justin’s cock.  They both grunted their approval, and Justin took control, moving in and out at his own pace.  He didn’t want this to end.  Nature would not oblige, as he felt the need to move faster and faster.  He could feel his orgasm building.  He rammed into Brian, and held on, not drawing back.



Brian turned his head to figure out why Justin had stopped.  Justin kissed him and whispered, “I don’t want this to be over.”


“I know, but it can’t wait.”



They both began moving again.  Brian pulled on his own cock in response to Justin’s thrusts.



“Now, baby!” Brian gasped, shooting his load, as Justin came inside him.  They collapsed onto the chaise.  In a minute or two Justin carefully pulled his penis out and disposed of the condom.  They snuggled against each other, sitting in cum and sweat, kissing and feeling wonderful.



“That was even more fantastic than your blowjob,” Justin sighed.



Brian smiled and kissed him.



“You make a great bottom,” Justin teased.



“Twat!” Brian said.



“Thank goodness you got that sheet.  We would have ruined the chaise.”



“Emile provides everything,” Brian said.



“He certainly does,” said Justin, waving a dildo he had pulled from the drawer.



“Put that thing away, unless you want me to use it on you.”



“I prefer the real thing,” Justin said, kissing the tip of Brian’s dick.  It twitched in response.  “Dessert?” Justin asked, looking at the growing organ.



“Let’s have food dessert first,” Brian said.



“We’re naked and covered in cum.  The waiter can’t come in,” Justin said modestly.



“If I buzz twice, he’ll leave the next course by the door without coming in.”



“Wow!  They do think of everything here!” Justin marveled.



“There’s a little bathroom behind that door.  We can clean up.”



Justin hadn’t even noticed the door.  The panels were papered with the same wallpaper as the rest of the room.  Inside there was a toilet, sink and a rack of towels.



“No shower,” Brian said.  “This used to be a closet, but we can get cleaned up.”  He pushed the buzzer twice, and then took a cloth and ran it under the water.  He wiped his chest, then turned to clean Justin’s cock.  Justin grinned as it started to get hard under Brian’s gentle wipes.



“God, you’re insatiable,” Brian commented.



“Me?  Look who’s talking!” Justin couldn’t help but smirk, as Brian’s cock was also showing signs of life.



There was a gentle tap on the door.  Justin jumped.



“Wait a minute,” Brian said.



After a minute, Brian opened the door and pulled the cart into the room.  On the cart were coffee, cheeses and fruit, a bowl of whipped cream and some large, luscious strawberries.



“Let’s have a picnic,” Brian said lasciviously.  He set the strawberries and cream on the carpeted floor and sat down beside them.  He looked up at Justin who grinned and also sat down.  They fed each other strawberries dipped in the whipped cream, kissing and licking the cream and strawberry juice from each other’s lips.



“That’s a lot of whipped cream,” Justin observed, looking at the rather large bowl.



“I asked for extra,” Brian said lustfully.



“Oh!” Justin smiled.



“Lie on your back,” Brian said.  Justin did so.  Brian took a handful of whipped cream and spread it over Justin’s cock.  The cock responded to the cool cream and Brian’s fingers, and stood erect.  “I’ve always wanted to sculpt,” said Brian, adding more cream.  He fashioned a giant penis of cream around Justin’s actual cock.



“Now you have to eat that if you want to get to the real thing,” Justin laughed.



“Not necessarily,” Brian said.  “Too many calories.”



He grabbed a condom, and gave it to Justin to put on him.  His own hand was still covered with cream.  He used that cream and some from Justin’s stomach to lube his shaft.  His creamy fingers sought Justin’s hole and plunged in.  When he had opened Justin’s pucker, he placed Justin’s legs on his shoulders and positioned his cream covered cock at the opening.



“Ready for dessert?” he asked.



Justin nodded and Brian plunged in.  They rocked together, finding their natural rhythm.  Brian took Justin’s cock, and used his cream sculpture as lubricant to slide up and down the shaft.  Soon they were both panting and coming and coming and coming.



Brian lay on top of Justin, both of them covered in cream and cum and sweat.  Brian licked Justin’s chest, getting a mixture of cream and cum.  He kissed Justin deeply, transferring some to his mouth.



“Tastes yummy,” Justin said, kissing Brian again.



Brian said, “Stay still.”  He reached over and pulled the sheet from the chaise.  He began wiping the cream and cum off Justin.  Justin took another corner of the sheet and did the same for Brian.  When they had cleaned up the worst of the mess, they stood up.  Brian took the demolished sheet and put it in a hamper in the bathroom.  He wet some more cloths and gave one to Justin.  They finished cleaning up as best they could.



“I need a shower,” Justin said.



“This will have to do until we get home.”



They dressed and went downstairs.  Emile greeted them in the hallway.



“I hope you had a lovely evening,” he said.



“Fabulous,” Justin grinned.



“Thanks, Emile,” Brian said, shaking his hand.



“Come again soon,” Emile said, as they left.  Justin didn’t miss the double entendre.



“Does he know what we did?”  Justin looked horrified.



“Not really, but I’m sure he used his imagination,” Brian said, laughing.



They drove home mostly in silence.



“That was the best evening!” Justin raved, as they arrived at the loft.



“Ridiculously romantic enough for you?” Brian asked.



“Above and beyond.”



“Let’s take a shower and relive the high points,” Brian said suggestively.



They rushed to the bathroom, getting rid of clothes as they went.  Justin had forgotten that they had so many high points.



They collapsed on the bed some time later, both exhausted, and very happy.  Neither thought about tomorrow’s trip, or bad dreams, or whispered warnings inside one’s head.

Chapter 6 - Of Doubts and Dreams by Thyme

 

Of Doubts and Dreams  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



The morning after their “dinner” at Emile’s, the alarm woke them much too soon.



“Shit!” said Brian, slapping the alarm to shut it off.



“Morning, sexy,” Justin said, snuggling against Brian.



Brian groaned.  “I’m beat.  How many times did we get off last night?”



“We were fast approaching that trillion,” Justin giggled.



“Unnh, I’m a wreck,” Brian moaned, “and I have to pack for Boston.  Ten o’clock flight.  Will you be all right?”  He brushed his fingers through Justin’s hair.



“Let’s have a shower, and then I’ll help you.”  Justin smiled at him.



“Just a shower!” Brian said emphatically, but Justin knew better.  The shower was one of their favorite places to have sex, and it was this morning too.



When they finally came out, Brian said, “Brat!  You’re going to make me late.”  However, at the same time he grabbed Justin and kissed him.  “Are you sure you’ll be all right while I’m gone?”



“I’m sure.  I was fine last night.”



“You were too worn out by our exertions to dream,” Brian smirked.



“Speak for yourself,” Justin teased.  “I was barely tired.”



“Liar,” Brian chuckled, kissing him again.



“Come on,” said Justin.  “Get dressed, pick the clothes you want to take, and I’ll pack them for you.”



They were done in ten minutes.  They grabbed a glass of juice before they rushed out.  Justin drove Brian to the airport, and dropped him off with assurances that he would be fine.  He hoped that was true.



Brian watched him drive off, wondering if he should catch a cab and stay in Pittsburgh.  That little voice whispered of desertion in times of trouble.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



At 10 pm the phone rang.  Justin answered immediately.  “Brian,” he said, “I miss you.”



“Miss you too.  Where are you?”



“Sitting on the bed, sketching.”



“Was everything all right today?  No problems?”



“No problems.  I’m fine.”



“Good, then how about some phone sex, since you’re already in bed.”



“You don’t waste any time beating around the bush.”



“This is long distance, you know,” Brian joked.  “Besides, I’m going to be beating something else, since you’re not here to help me.”



“Poor baby,” Justin said.  “I’ll do my best to help you from here.  What are you wearing?”



“The blue silk robe.  You?”



“Nothing.”



“Shit!  Did you start without me?”



“Only once.  I couldn’t wait.  When I sat on the bed and smelled you on the sheets and pillows, my dick got hard, and I had to relieve myself.”



Brian chuckled.  “Hmm, my scent will set you off.  I’ll have to remember that for future reference.”



“What do you mean?  I’m just lonely, that’s all.”



“So am I.  God, I wish you were here.”



“Me too.  Take off your robe and rub it across your chest.”



Brian did as Justin said.  The soft silk felt good.  Brian groaned.



“Are we making progress?” Justin asked.



“If you mean, is my dick hard?  The answer is yes.  It was, as soon as I heard your voice,” Brian admitted.



“Hmm, my voice will set you off.  I’ll have to remember that for future reference,” Justin said, parroting Brian’s words.



“Brat!” Brian said, laughing.



“Flick the robe over your dick and pull it back slowly,” Justin ordered.  Brian obeyed.  Justin heard him groan again.  “Seems like we need to get some serious help for you.”



“Please, Doctor Justin,” Brian said.



“Oooh, I love it when you beg.”



“I’m begging,” said Brian.  “What state are you in?”



“My dick’s dripping, and it’s twitching every time you speak.”



“Fuck, I want to suck it.”


“And I want you to.  Imagine I’m there, my mouth around the tip of your cock, spreading the precum around.”


“I love the feel of your lips.  I’ll do the same for you.  You taste so good.  Oh, God, Justin,” Brian moaned into the phone.



“I’m licking your balls, and sucking on one, then the other.”



“My mouth takes you in, all the way down my throat.”


“Oh, Brian!  I can feel it.”



Both men worked their dicks, hands sliding up and down, faster and faster.



“I’m coming,” Brian gasped.



“Me too,” Justin moaned.



They both shot their loads, falling back against their pillows.



“That felt good,” Brian said.  “Are you ready to sleep now?”


“I think so, but I still miss you.”

“I miss you too.  One more night and I’ll be there.”

“You better be.  Loaded and ready.”


Brian laughed.  “Later,” he said.



“Later,” Justin replied, and pushed the end button.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin opened the loft door.  He felt something was very wrong.



“Brian,” he called.  There was no reply.



He could feel his heart start to pound, and he tried to breathe, but breaths were difficult.  He turned back toward the loft door, but a figure holding a baseball bat filled the doorway.  The figure stepped forward, raising the bat.  It was Chris Hobbs.  He swung the bat at Justin’s head.



“NO!” Justin screamed, sitting bolt upright.



He reached for Brian, but the bed was empty.  He trembled uncontrollably from head to toe.  His breathing was shallow and labored.  He felt like his chest was going to explode.  Tears rolled down his face, and he clutched his knees to his chin.



“No, no, no,” he moaned, as he rocked back and forth.



After a long while he collapsed onto his side and curled up in a fetal position.  He continued to cry and whimper, not knowing how to make the hurt go away.  Much, much later he fell back to sleep, exhausted, to dream no more this night.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian called at 10 pm the next night.  Justin tried to sound upbeat when he answered, but Brian could hear something strained in his voice.  “Did you have a nightmare last night?” he asked.



Justin sighed.  “I’m fine,” he said.



“You don’t sound fine.  I can hear something in your voice.  Was it the same nightmare or a different one?”



“Same.” Justin gave in.



“Shit!  I knew I shouldn’t have left you.”


“I’m all right.  It shook me up a bit, but I eventually got back to sleep.”



“Why don’t I talk you to sleep right now?” Brian volunteered, knowing Justin would not have slept much after the nightmare.



“What?  No phone sex tonight?”



“No.  You need your rest.  Are you in bed?”


“Yes.”



“Naked?”



“Yes.”



“Shit!  I shouldn’t have asked that.”


Justin giggled.  Brian could always make him feel better, or worse, or ecstatic, or horrible.  Brian made him feel everything and anything.  He frowned.



“Justin, are you there?”



“Huh, yeah.”



“Lie down and get comfortable.”



“It’s hard when you’re not here.”


“I’m hard too.”



“I thought you said no phone sex.”



“Maybe we could do that first.”


“Sounds good.  I’ve been hard and playing with myself since before you called.”



“Before?” Brian asked.



“Anticipation,” Justin said.



Brian chuckled.  “So how have you been playing, little boy?”



“Well, sir, I’ve been running my fingers up and down my cock, imagining they were your lips.”



“Naughty boy!”  I’m going to have to take you in hand.”



“Oh please, sir,” Justin giggled.



“I’m sucking the tip, and licking, and blowing over the head.  My lips are sliding up and down along the side, and then I take you all in, and hold you there, hot and protected.”



Justin groaned.



“Now my lips suck up to the tip and release you.  I’m moving down to your balls.  They are so warm and tasty in my mouth.  I’m rolling them around my tongue.”


“Brian,” Justin groaned.



Brian’s own hand was working his cock faster and faster as he spoke.  “Now back to your dick.  My mouth surrounds it and sucks up slowly, then plunges down.  Up and down, sucking the tip each time.  I’m getting ready to come.  How about you, baby?” Brian asked.



“Oh, yes!”



“Good baby.  A few more firm strokes, and yes!”



They both came within seconds of each other.  No words were spoken for a couple of minutes.



“Whew!  That was awesome, Brian!  But I wish you were here to hold me now.”



“Me too.  Now turn on your side, and imagine I’m against your back.  My arms are around you, holding you tight.  I’m rubbing slow circles on your chest.  Close your eyes.  Feel my breath on your neck.  Breathe slow and deep.  I’ll be home tomorrow at one.  You can pick me up and I’ll hold you like this tomorrow night, and every night.  Sleep well, Baby!”



“Night, Brian.” Justin hung up, yawning and scrunching down into the bed.  He was soon fast asleep.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin opened the loft door.  He expected Brian to be there, but he wasn’t.  He felt tense.  Something was wrong.



“Brian,” he called, but he knew no one would answer.



His breathing sped up and he turned to run.  The figure loomed in the doorway.  He saw the bat being raised, as Chris Hobbs stepped into the loft.



“NO!” Justin screamed, and the bat came toward his head.



Justin sat up, sweating and panting.  He couldn’t get a proper breath.  He reached over and grabbed Brian’s pillow.  He buried his face in it.



“Brian,” he cried, “I’m so scared!  I need you!”



He clutched the pillow to his chest and rocked back and forth, tears rolling down his face.  He could feel himself trembling.  What could he do?  He looked at the clock, 4 am.  He wanted to call Brian, but he knew it would upset him.  He had a 7:30 meeting before he went to the airport.



He picked up the phone and dialed Emmett’s number.



“Hello,”  a sleepy voice said.



”Emmett, it’s Justin,” he said weakly.



“What’s wrong?” Emmett asked, hearing the fear in Justin’s voice.



“I had a nightmare.  I’m scared and Brian’s in Boston.  Could you come over?  I’m really rattled.”



“Twenty minutes,” Emmett said and hung up.



The buzzer rang fifteen minutes later, and Justin let Emmett in.  When he opened the loft door, he threw himself at Emmett.  Emmett folded him into his arms and held on.  Gradually Justin stopped shuddering.



“Thank you for coming,” Justin sighed.



“No problem, baby,” he said, walking him up to the bedroom.  “Lay down,” he said.  “You need to rest.”



“Lay beside me.  I need you to touch me so that I know you’re here.”



Emmett laid down behind him, and ran his hand up and down Justin’s arm.  He heard Justin sigh and choke back a sob.



“Poor kid,” he thought.  “I wonder what’s going on?”



He continued rubbing gently on his arm, his back, his chest.  Soon Justin’s breathing indicated that he was asleep.  Emmett kept rubbing for a while, yawning himself.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian opened the loft door at 8 am.  He had cancelled his meeting, having scored the account the day before.  They could sign the papers without him.  He had caught the 6 am flight, knowing that Justin might need him.



He walked up the steps to the bedroom to see Justin in bed with Emmett draped all over him.



“What the fuck?” he said.



Both men sat up, blinking and looking around in confusion.



“Brian,” they each said.



“What’s going on?” Brian wanted to know.



“Nothing,” they each said.



“This doesn’t look like nothing.  What are you doing here, Emmett?”



“Justin called me early this morning.  He’d had a nightmare and didn’t want to be alone.  I came over to keep him company and I fell asleep.”


“Nightmare?  Are you all right, Justin?” Brian asked.



“I am now.  What time is it?  I was supposed to pick you up.”



“It’s 8:30 in the morning.  I caught an early flight.”



“8:30.  Shit!  I have to go or I’ll be late for work,” Emmett said, getting up from the bed.  Brian gave him a look, but Emmett bent and kissed the top of Justin’s head.  “Bye, baby,” he said.



“Thanks, Emm,” Justin said, as Emmett made his way to the door.



“Yeah, thanks, Emm!” Brian said, giving him an unpleasant glare.



Emmett beat a hasty retreat, slamming the loft door behind him.



Brian looked at Justin.  “Explain,” he said.



Justin feared this would not go well, but he began, “I had the same nightmare and woke up about 4 am.”



“Why didn’t you call me?”



“I didn’t want to worry you.”



“But you were scared enough to call Emmett?”



“I just wanted someone with me.”



“Justin, what’s going on?  Why are you having these nightmares now?”



“I don’t know,” Justin said, starting to tear up.  “I wish I could prevent them, but I can’t.  They scare me.”



“They scare me too, because of what they do to you.”



“Brian, come here please,” Justin almost whimpered.



He couldn’t be mad when he heard the pain in Justin’s voice.  He moved to the bed and sat down beside Justin, enfolding him in his arms.  Justin leaned his head against Brian’s chest and held on.  He sighed deeply.



“I’m here now,” he said, kissing the top of Justin’s head.



Justin clung to him.  He wanted to beg him never to leave again, but he was afraid to say that.  He knew it was an unreasonable request, but that was all he wanted.



“I think you need to talk to someone about these dreams,” Brian said.  “They’re so frequent and you’re a mess.”



“I’ll be all right now that you’re back,” Justin said, not wanting anything more to do with doctors.



“What about calling Dr. Bennett?  She counseled you after the attack.”



“She helped a bit, back then, but I don’t know.”  Justin sighed.



“We have to do something to stop this.”  Brian sounded firm about that.



“All right.  Call her,” Justin gave in.



Brian was able to get an appointment for Justin at 7 am the next day.  The doctor remembered Justin and had agreed to come in early to see him, before any of her regular patients arrived.  They were lucky that she was willing to do that.



“I wish it was today,” Brian said.



“I wish it was never.  I don’t want to do this.  I should be all right.  I hate being weak, and having people feel they have to look after me.  Especially you!”



“Justin, getting help isn’t weakness.  We need to sort this out.”  He looked at Justin’s sad face.  “Let’s go shopping, and buy something spectacular so that we can go dancing tonight.”



“Don’t you have to work?”



“I’ll call in, and make sure those papers got signed, and then we’ll take the rest of the day off.”



“We’ll?” he repeated.  He liked the sound of that, and maybe shopping would take his mind off the nightmare and the impending doctor’s visit.  And, any time spent with Brian was a bonus.



They had a good day.  They bought new outfits to go clubbing that night, had a great Italian meal for dinner, and turned a lot of heads when they arrived at Babylon in their new duds.  They danced to exhaustion, came home early, and fucked each other’s brains out.  Sleep was not a problem.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin opened the door to the loft.  He called for Brian, but knew he wouldn’t get an answer.



His anxiety escalated, and he started to feel the pain in his chest, as his breathing became labored.



He turned back toward the door, and saw the figure that loomed there.



No,” he whimpered.  “No.”



The figure stepped forward.  It was Chris Hobbs.  He raised the bat and swung.



Justin screamed.  Hands grabbed him and held him tight.  He heard Brian’s voice telling him it was all right, and he finally opened his eyes, fighting his way to wakefulness.  He looked at Brian’s worried face and started to cry.



“Why?  Why?” he asked, bewildered.



“Same thing?” Brian asked.



Justin nodded, holding on for dear life.



Brian said, “I’m here. Don’t be scared.  I’m not going to leave you.  It’s all right.”



Justin wished that were true, but he didn’t think it was.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian went with Justin to the appointment.  He wanted to make sure that Justin went, even if he couldn’t go in with him.  He’d go to work afterwards.  When they arrived at the doctor’s office, she showed them in herself, her receptionist not arriving for another hour.  She said Brian could be part of the discussion, if Justin wanted that.  He did.



They told her what had been happening.  Justin described the dream, and Brian told her about their theory that Justin was afraid to be left alone.



The doctor took it all in, and wrote some notes.  Then she asked, “Justin, do you think Brian’s trip triggered this?”



“I can’t think of anything else,” he said.



“No other traumas in the last while?”



Justin looked at Brian, who nodded.  Justin began, “Brian and I broke up a few months ago.  I cheated on him and lied to him, and he pushed me away.  I lived with someone else for awhile.”



“But you’re back together now?”



“Yes.”



“Is everything all right between you?” she asked, looking from one to the other.



“I think so,” Justin said.



“That’s not a ringing endorsement,” she said.



“We’re still working things out,” Brian said.



“We hurt each other a lot.  It was mostly my fault.  I was a fool,” Justin admitted.



“And you, Brian?” the doctor asked.



“We’re here about Justin, not me,” he stated.



“But you’re a big part of Justin’s life.  Have you come to terms with what happened?”



Brian looked at Justin.  He wanted to reassure the boy and say yes.  The little voice in his head said, “Tell the truth.”  He looked back and forth between them.  Justin looked worried.



“I’m trying to come to terms with it,” he admitted.



“Which means you haven’t?” she asked.



“Not exactly.”  Justin looked hurt.



“I’ve been worried that you didn’t really trust me,” Justin admitted.  “How could you, after everything I did?”  He looked to be on the verge of tears.



Brian had to say something to console him.  He didn’t want to hurt him.  “It’s not that I don’t trust you.  I am so glad to have you back.  I need you, and  ...  I love you,” he confessed.  Justin smiled a little bit at his words.



“But?” the doctor pursued.



Brian sighed.  “But I still have some doubts.  I’ve changed many things in my life to be with Justin.  When he left, I felt betrayed and the pain was unbearable.  I tried to go back to my old life, and I found that I had lost it too.  I don’t think I could stand it if I lost him again.  I don’t know what I would do.”



“You’re not going to lose me,” Justin affirmed.



Brian took his hand.  “I believe you now, but I worry about the future.”



Justin shook his head, looking miserable.



“Did you know this, Justin?” the doctor asked.



“Not exactly.  I knew things weren’t the way they used to be before we broke up, but I was hoping they’d be better.  Brian’s been great.  We talk about a lot of things that we never discussed before.  I guess, deep down, I feared that Brian didn’t really believe I was back to stay.  I’ve been trying to prove to him that I’m where I want to be, and I’m not leaving.”



“Do you believe that, Brian?” she asked.



“I try to.  Most of the time, I think I do, but there’s a little voice in my head that keeps saying, ‘Be careful.  It may not work out.’”



“That’s understandable,” she said.  “That’s self-preservation.  You’re warning yourself not to go faster and farther than you’re able to deal with.”



Brian looked surprised.  “You mean it’s not just doom and gloom?  Me being a pessimist?” Brian asked.



“You have valid reasons to be apprehensive after what happened.  You can’t just turn around and trust someone who hurt you, with no misgivings,” she said logically.



Brian seemed to be processing this.  Then he said, “But what does this have to do with the nightmares?”



“Think about it for a minute.  You’re leaving on a business trip, operative word ‘leaving’.  Justin doesn’t have your complete trust, which is, as I said, understandable.  He’s worried about you being away and what you’ll do.  Will you even come back?  His mind conjures up the worst time of his life, being bashed by Chris Hobbs.  In the dream he’s looking for you in the loft, but you’re not there, and then Chris Hobbs hits him.  He still does not remember the actual bashing, but he is putting the three people involved in it in a new scenario.  That’s often how the subconscious deals with fears.”


“That makes sense,” said Justin.



“But how does this help stop the nightmares?” Brian asked.



“Knowledge always helps, but there are no guarantees.  It sounds like you two still have issues that need to be discussed, and agreed upon.  It will take time and effort to rebuild trust.”



“So it really doesn’t have anything to do with Chris Hobbs?” Justin wanted to know.



“I don’t think so.  If it was issues with him, it would have happened sooner.  I think you’ve both put that behind you.”  They both nodded.  “It’s the break-up and the fallout from that that appears to be at the centre of the problem.”



“What do we do about that?” Brian asked.



“Keep talking.  When things bother you, either of you, say so.  Get it out in the open.  You both need reassurances from each other.  You’ve been hurt, and you need to help each other heal.”



“That’s what we said we were going to do when we got back together,” Justin said.  “We spent a lot of time talking before we moved back in together.”


“That’s good,” said the doctor, “but have you kept it up?”



Brian and Justin looked at each other.  Each shook his head.



Brian said, “Not really.  We’ve kind of fallen back into our old patterns.”



“That led to the break-up?” Dr. Bennett asked.



“Yes,” said Brian.



“Remember McDonalds?” Justin said.  Brian looked at him, not understanding.  “You were teasing me, but at the same time you told me to speak up and tell you what I wanted.  Ironically, that’s what the doctor is saying now, to both of us.  I had stopped doing that, because I didn’t want to upset you or cause trouble between us.”



Brian had to agree.  They talked very little about their feelings or needs.  They were happy to be back together, and the fucking was great as always.  They didn’t want serious conversations to cause ripples, if not waves, in the seeming calm of their lives.  He looked at Justin who seemed to have reached the same conclusion.



“We do need to talk more, Brian.  Even if it’s not your favorite thing,” Justin said.



Brian nodded.  “If it will stop these nightmares, I’m willing.”



“That’s not the best reason I’ve ever heard to have these discussions, but at least you’re willing to do it,” Dr. Bennett said.



“Do you think there will be more nightmares?” Justin asked.



“I can’t say for sure.  You may still be suffering post traumatic stress, and you haven’t resolved the doubts that each of you has about this relationship, so there is a possibility that they may continue.  You will need to deal with these issues before the nightmares will stop completely.”



“What should I do?” Justin asked.



“I can refer you to a relationship counselor who might be able to help you converse freely and discuss the trust issues you both have.”



Justin groaned, “Not another doctor!”



“If it’s necessary, then we’ll do it,” Brian said.



Justin looked at him in surprise.  He knew Brian hated shrinks more than he did.  He couldn’t believe Brian was volunteering to go.  Did he think they were in that much trouble?  Did he feel Justin was beyond his ability to help him?  Justin didn’t like either possibility.  Since he had been told to speak his mind, he decided he wanted an answer to that question.



“Brian, why are you willing to go to someone?  I know you hate shrinks.”



“Because I want you back, healthy and happy, not haunted.”  He looked tenderly at Justin.  “I also realized I do have doubts that I have been trying to ignore.  Look what happened to us the last time we got out of sync and stopped communicating.  I don’t want that to happen again.”



“I love you.”  Justin smiled.



Brian smiled back.  “Me too.”



“That was excellent, gentlemen,” the doctor said.  They looked at her.  “You expected something much worse from Brian’s answer, didn’t you, Justin?”  He nodded.  “See how communication clarifies, and not always, but often, makes you feel better.”



Justin smiled at her.  “Thanks, Doctor.  I do feel better.”



“Let’s arrange an appointment with that counselor,” she said, rising and indicating that the session was over.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian went to work after dropping Justin off at school.  He didn’t really want to discuss his private life with a stranger, or with anybody, for that matter.  But, if it would help them, and prevent them from making the same mistakes again, he was willing to give it a try.



The little voice in his head said, “Well done.”

Chapter 7 - Blame and Responsibility by Thyme

 

Blame and Responsibility  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss





The weekend was great - kissing, fucking, dancing at Babylon, drinks with the boys at Woody’s, no work, no worries, no nightmares.  Since Brian’s return and the visit with Dr. Bennett, there had been no more bad dreams.  Three days and no Chris Hobbs.  Brian had done his best to reassure Justin and to wear him out so that he would sleep soundly.  It seemed to be working.



Dr. Bennett had made an appointment for them with a Dr. Jamison for 4 pm on Monday.  Justin was beginning to wonder if they needed to go.  He knew Brian didn’t want to.  He hated people prying into his life.  Justin too was reluctant to bear his soul to a stranger, especially if it wasn’t really necessary.  He didn’t want to admit his weaknesses to someone new.



Justin decided to test the idea of cancelling the appointment.  He called Brian at noon on Monday.  He told him he was just checking in, and wondered if Brian could leave work early enough to make their appointment.  He was hoping it would be a problem, and then he would suggest cancelling.



Brian said he had switched a few things around, and would pick Justin up at quarter to four.  Arrangements made, Justin reconciled himself to the fact that they were going to the appointment, for better or worse.



When they walked into the office of Dr. Jamison, they looked a bit like two schoolboys being sent to the principal’s office.  There was a combination of nervous anticipation and dread on each of their faces.



They were ushered in to the doctor’s office, where a kindly looking middle aged man sat behind a desk.  He stood and motioned for Brian and Justin to take the two armchairs on the opposite side of the desk.



Mr. Kinney, Mr. Taylor, I’m Frank Jamison.  If you would like, please call me Frank,” the doctor said by way of introduction.



“Brian,” Brian said, shaking his hand.  “This is Justin.”  Justin also shook his hand.



“Dr. Bennett told me a little bit about your situation, but I’d prefer if you told me why you’ve come here,” Frank said.



Brian cleared his throat.  He looked at Justin who shrugged his shoulders.  Brian said, “We were together, we broke up, we got back together.  Justin’s been having nightmares.  We don’t want to make the same mistakes we made before.”



“Very succinct,” Frank said.  “Would you care to elaborate, Justin?”



Justin said, “I don’t think so.”



Frank looked at him, realizing this wasn’t going to be easy.



“So you don’t want to be here, Justin?” he asked.



“Not really.”



“Then why are you?”



“I’ve been having nightmares, but they’ve stopped.  Brian and Dr. Bennett thought this was a good idea.  I don’t think it’s necessary anymore.”



So you don’t think this is a good idea?”



“No.”



“Do you always do what others want, and not what you want?”



Justin’s anger flared at that.  “If you are another so-called ‘medical expert’ who’s going to tell me that I’m not standing up for myself, that I don’t speak my mind, then I am leaving.  I’m not putting up with it.”  He stood up, ready to go.



“Justin,” Brian said, touching his arm.  Justin sat down, glowering.



“Brian, why didn’t you let him go, if that’s what he wants?” the doctor asked.



“He knows he can leave any time.  I want him to know I don’t want him to.  What’s wrong with that?”



“Nothing, if he really has the choice.”



“Stop talking about me like I’m not here,” Justin demanded.



“Why are you here, Justin?” Frank asked.



“I don’t know.  I’m sick of being a victim, the weak one.  I don’t understand why I was having those nightmares, but I haven’t had one for three nights.”



“Do you think you have issues to work out with Brian?”



“Probably,,, yes,” Justin admitted reluctantly.



“Isn’t that a good reason to be here?” Frank suggested.



“I guess so, but it’s not all my fault.”



“No one said it was.”



“But my nightmares are what got us here.”



“So you feel responsible?”



“I guess so.”



“How do you feel about this, Brian?  You haven’t said much so far,” Frank said.


“I think we had problems communicating the first time we were together, and that caused us to break up.  I don’t want the same thing to happen again,” Brian said matter-of-factly.



“Okay, what kind of communication problems?”



“Justin wanted things he didn’t express to me.  He did things he didn’t really want to do, but he didn’t say he didn’t want to do them.”



“It isn’t all my fault.  You didn’t listen to me when I tried to tell you what I wanted,” Justin said, feeling the need to defend himself.



“I know,” said Brian.  “I’ve never been much of a listener, or a talker.  I usually think it’s a waste of time.”



“And is this a waste of time?” Frank asked.



“The jury’s still out on that one,” Brian said, sticking his tongue in his cheek.  “But I hope not.”



“Well, at least that’s somewhat encouraging,” the doctor said.  “Where do you think we should start?”



Brian looked at him incredulously.  “Isn’t that what you’re supposed to tell us?”



Frank smiled.  “You’d like me to snap my fingers and fix everything right now, wouldn’t you?”



“That would be just dandy,” Brian said sarcastically.



“I need to know what either, or preferably, both of you want to work on,” Frank said.



“The nightmares,” Brian stated.



They described the nightmare in detail, and explained Dr. Bennett’s theory about them having unresolved issues that caused Justin to revert back to the bashing in his subconscious.  Dr. Jamison listened intently.  He noticed the way one would fill in bits of information that the other left out.  He noted the concern Brian showed over the bashing and its lingering effects on Justin.  He asked a few questions as they went along, so that by the end of the session, he had a good understanding of their background and their relationship.



As they left the office, he thought, “My God, they have been through a lot.  How have they survived this long?  All the odds say they should never have gotten together at all.  They have been through enough traumas to destroy most couples.  Yet they are still together, and prepared to fight to stay that way.  They obviously have profound feelings for one another, but having hurt each other deeply, they are wary and troubled about their future.  There is a lot of work to do, if they are up to it.”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian and Justin walked in silence to the Jeep.



“What did you think?” Justin asked.



“He seems like a nice man, but I’m not sure he can help us.”



“Are you going to come back next week?”



“Yes. Are you?” Brian asked, studying Justin’s face.



“You are?  I’m surprised.  I thought you’d try to get out of it.  He asked some very personal questions.  I’m not sure he is the right person to help us.  I think he’s straight.”


“What does that have to do with anything?”



“I don’t know.  I just thought you wouldn’t trust him.”



“I trust everyone, until they prove me wrong.”



“Like me?”



“No, not like you.  Did you hear what I said in there?  I need you.  I’m not giving up on us.  I’m willing to fight to make this work.  I want to trust you, but I don’t know if you trust yourself.  Do you really know that I’m the one you want?  You weren’t so sure a few months ago.  Is that going to happen again?”



Justin didn’t know how to answer that.  He thought for a moment, then said, “I don’t know the answer to that.  I’ve told you over and over that you’re all that I want, and I mean it, but I can’t predict the future.”



“At least that’s honest, and it’s a starting point,” Brian said.



“I feel worse now that before we went in there.”



“So do I.”



“So what good is it?”



“I never thought that digging into this would be easy, but I have this feeling that it’s necessary.  Painful or not.”



“Can we go home?” Justin asked.



“At least you still want to,” Brian said, climbing into the Jeep.



They drove home in silence.  They ate take-out in silence.  They watched TV in silence, each thinking about what had happened, and not knowing what to say.  They undressed and got ready for bed in silence.  When they both slid under the covers, they lay on their backs, staring at the ceiling in silence.



Brian turned his head and looked at Justin, just as Justin did the same.



“I love you,” Brian said simply, and that was all it took.  Justin dove at his mouth and smothered it with kisses.  His body wrapped around Brian, and he seemed to be trying to inhale him.  Brian held on, trying to breathe amidst the barrage of kisses.



Justin heard him laughing and stopped, sitting up, and looking at Brian questioningly.  “What’s so funny?” he asked, offended.



“I think I have a new nickname for you,” Brian chuckled.



“What now?  Like I don’t have enough nicknames already!”



“I’m going to call you Hoover, because you have better suction that any vacuum cleaner.”



“That’s not funny!” Justin said, trying not to giggle.



“Want to try out your sucking power on something else?” Brian asked, wagging his dick at Justin.



Justin grinned.  “Think you can handle it?” he asked.



Brian stuck his tongue in his cheek and nodded.



Justin put his lips around the head of Brian’s cock and sucked.  It was already hard, but it seemed to lengthen and expand under Justin’s lips.  He ran his tongue along the slit, collecting precum.  He licked up and down the sides of Brian’s cock, spreading precum and saliva.  He sucked on the prominent vein along the side, and Brian writhed in pleasure.  Taking hold of the base of his cock, he slid his lips down to touch his fingers, taking all of Brian down his throat.  He moaned and sucked and rolled his tongue around the shaft.  Then he really began to suck, up and down, rapidly then slowly, working over the shaft and tugging on the tip.  Brian was panting and moaning, barely able to control himself.  Justin worked faster.  He took hold of Brian’s balls and rolled them around with his fingers.



“Christ, Justin!” Brian groaned.



“Call me Hoover,” Justin said, pausing for a moment.



Brian grabbed him and kissed him so intensely, he thought he might faint.



“I’m going to fuck you, like I’ve never fucked you,” Brian growled, his voice full of lust.  He flipped Justin over onto his stomach, and grabbed the lube.  He quickly inserted one lubed finger in Justin’s hole.  Justin’s head flew up, and he wanted to scream his pleasure.  “Yes!” he hissed.  Brian added another finger, and crooked it inside, and then Justin did scream, “I want you inside me now!  Fuck me!  Now, Brian!”



Brian quickly donned a condom.  He leaned on Justin’s back, positioning the tip of his cock at the pucker.  He whispered in Justin’s ear, “Ready for a wild ride?”



Justin gasped, “Ride ‘em cowboy!”



Brian laughed, and thrust his cock deep into Justin.  Justin gasped, but rocked back to take everything Brian had to offer.  He turned his head, and Brian kissed him, keeping himself impaled in the warmth of Justin’s hole.



Brian pulled back, leaving only the tip of his cock inside.  He plunged back, deeper than before.  Justin grunted and pushed back.  Brian rotated his hips and ground against Justin’s ass.  Justin did the same, causing exquisite friction for each of them.  They both groaned their pleasure.  Brian pushed Justin’s shoulders down and pulled his butt up.  He slammed in, hitting Justin’s prostate.



“Oh, God!!” Justin moaned.



Brian smiled, his primal sexual grin playing on his lips.  He leaned over Justin, intertwining his fingers with the boy’s.  His thrusts came faster, and Justin met each one with equal force.  They were both panting and gasping.  Brian grabbed Justin’s cock and pulled in time with his thrusts.  He saw flashes of light behind his closed eyelids, and then he was coming, like he rarely had before.



He felt like the world stopped spinning, and time stood still.  The next thing he knew, he was on top of Justin, trying to open his eyes.



“Fuck!!” he gasped.  “Are you all right, Justin?”



“I think I just died!” Justin said.  “I saw white light.  Are we at the Pearly Gates?”



“More likely the Gates of Hell for me,” Brian said.  “Shit!  That was ... cosmic!”  He couldn’t think of a better word.



“You’re going to kill me one of these times,” Justin breathed, “but I’ll die a happy man.”



“Me too!” Brian said.  “How can it keep getting better?”



“I don’t know,” Justin said, “but it does.  I hate to ask, but can you move?  My cock’s trapped at a funny angle, and it hurts.”



Brian slowly rolled off of him.  Justin turned over and welded his mouth on Brian’s, kissing, sucking, biting Brian’s lips, dueling with his tongue.  Brian responded in kind.  After a few minutes of these intense kisses, Justin slid down Brian’s body, and laid his head on Brian’s chest.



“Hoover,” Brian said.



“What?” Justin giggled.



“These kisses have consequences.”


“What do you mean?”



“My dick got hard while you were kissing me.”


“Already?” Justin asked.



“It’s your fault.  You’ll have to do something about it,” Brian said solemnly.



“Vacuums ‘R Us!” Justin cried, and attacked Brian’s cock.



Hours later they were finally sated.



“I thought seeing Dr. Jamison was a real downer,” Justin said, “but if it leads to sex like this, let’s go every day!”


“Christ, that would kill us for sure!” Brian averred.



Justin chuckled.  “Have I told you lately that I love you?”



“Isn’t that a song?”



“Huh?”  Justin didn’t recognize it.



“An old song.”  Brian looked annoyed.  He still hated when things like this reminded him of their age difference.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



The week progressed reasonably well.  They talked occasionally, but still avoided topics that seemed too dangerous.  On the surface they were happy, but both knew there were problems to be dealt with, and their next appointment with Dr. Jamison loomed large.



Justin was worried.  He didn’t see how dredging up every aspect of their lives could possibly solve anything.  And Brian’s attitude, volunteering to go to these sessions, was so hard to fathom.  He did believe that Brian wanted things to work out between them, but was this the way to facilitate that?  He didn’t think so.  He was sure it would all end up being his fault.  He had fucked and lied and left.  Of course it was his fault.  He wasn’t sure he could face that, and Brian’s blame that went along with it.



Brian wondered about these sessions.  He knew they were iffy at best.  He didn’t trust shrinks, but Dr. Bennett had pointed out some things that he hadn’t thought about.  Maybe Dr. Jamison, Frank, could so the same.  He smiled.  Frank seemed like the kind of father he never had, but would have wanted.  He had gotten a good feeling from the man.  He seemed non-judgmental, but frank, like his name.  He seemed very fair, didn’t waffle, and didn’t take crap.  To Brian these were good qualities.  He was willing to go to a few sessions and see what happened.  He wondered if Justin was so willing.  He had seemed worried and defensive during the first session.  He probably thinks he’s going to get all of the blame.  He shouldn’t feel that way, because it took both of us to destroy things.  He’d have to remember to say that during the session.  At least half the blame was his.



Monday afternoon at four rolled around pretty quickly.  They met at Dr. Jamison’s office.



Frank called them in.  They sat in the same chairs.



“Any nightmares?” he asked.



“No.” Justin shook his head.



“That must be a relief.”



“It is, but it makes me wonder why we’re here, if I’m not having them anymore.”



“So, you still don’t want to be here.  I thought we went over this last time,” Frank pointed out.



“We did,” said Brian, “and we’re both going to try to make this work.”  Brian looked pointedly at Justin.



“Okay,” said Justin.



“How was your week?” Frank asked.



“We nearly called to get an appointment for every day,” Brian said, smirking.



“Brian,” said Justin, swatting his arm.



“Did I miss something?” Frank asked, noting the smirks.



“No,” Justin said.  “We had a pretty good week, but we didn’t talk too much.”



“But you used other forms of communication?” asked Frank, with a twinkle in his eye.



“Sex has never been a problem with us.  It’s the stuff in between sex,” Brian clarified.



“I see,” said Frank. “So what part of the in between stuff should we work on?”



“I think Justin needs to know that he’s not the only one to blame for everything that happened.  I accept at least half the responsibility.”



Justin looked at him and grinned.  “I can’t believe you did that.  I’ve been worried that it was all my fault, and that I’d be blamed for everything.  But it is mostly my fault.  I’m the one who cheated.”



“But I forced you into it, by not being more aware of what was happening.  I didn’t listen to you,” Brian said.



“I know, but it was my fault.  I left.”



“Christ, we sound like Melanie and Lindsay,” Brian said.  They both laughed at the thought.



“Who are Melanie and Lindsay?” Frank asked.



“They’re a lesbian couple.  Lindsay is the mother of my son, Gus.  By artificial insemination,” Brian clarified.



“I see.  Do you have contact with your son?”



“Yes, I see him every now and then, and occasionally he stays over with us,” Brian said.



“How do you feel about that, Justin?”



“I love Gus.  He was born the night we met.  When I saw Brian with his baby, I knew he was a special man,” Justin stated.



“Even then?  I was pretty shitty to you for a long time.”



“But you’ll notice that it didn’t deter me.  I told you I was on to you, and I was.  I saw the side of you with Gus that you hide from everyone else.”



“Is that who you fell in love with, Gus’ father?” Frank asked.



“Yes, but also Brian Kinney the stud of Liberty Avenue, and Brian Kinney advertising exec, and Brian Kinney selfish asshole.  I love all aspects of Brian Kinney.”



“That’s quite a statement, Justin,” Frank observed.



“I mean it!” Justin stated with conviction.



“You’re making me blush,” quipped Brian, feeling this was getting way too heavy.



“My guess is not much makes you blush, Brian,” Frank observed.



Brian stuck his tongue in his cheek and tried to look unconcerned.



“How did you feel about Justin?” Frank asked.



“I thought he was an annoying brat.  He was much too young to know what he wanted.  I kept pushing him away, but he wouldn’t go.  He made me feel special, not the heartless shit I had convinced everyone I was.  Sex with him was, is, fantastic.  We are very good for each other in a lot of ways, but sometimes we’re bad for each other too.”


“Bad?  How?” Frank wanted to know.  So did Justin by the look on his face.



“He expects things from me that I can’t give him, and vice versa.”



“What things?”



“He wants me to be romantic and sentimental and say I love you all the time.  That’s not me.  I can’t do it.”


“Yes, you can,” said Justin, holding up his sunshine pendant from around his neck.



Brian did blush then.  “Oh, yeah,” he said quietly.



Frank watched the interplay.  He sensed they wouldn’t want him to pursue the significance of the pendant, at least not until he knew them better.  “And what do you expect from Justin that he can’t give you?”



“I expect him to back off when I’m not ready to do something.  He usually won’t.”



“But you’ve known that from the beginning.  He wouldn’t leave when you told him to go.  He didn’t back off, then or now.”



Brian thought for a minute.  “You’re right.  That’s part of what was annoying and intriguing about him.  He had this absolute certainty that we were meant to be together.  He doesn’t have that anymore.”



“Are you sure?’ Frank asked.



Brian thought about it.  “That’s what happened when we broke up.  He stopped pushing, stopped making me listen, stopped challenging me to be better.  He found someone else who would be romantic and sentimental, without having to fight with him to be that way.”



“But it didn’t last,” Frank observed.



“No.  I guess easy isn’t always better.”



“So why did he come back to difficult?” Frank asked.



“I can answer that,” said Justin.  “I came back because I realized what I had lost.  I never felt anything close to what I feel with Brian.  Ethan, the person I was with, did his best, but he wasn’t Brian.  He was romantic and loving, but that didn’t challenge me the way Brian did.  I saw my mistake pretty quickly, but the damage was done.  I lost Brian’s trust.  It had taken me over a year to gain that trust, and I threw it away in a few short weeks.  I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get his trust back again.”



“Is that really the issue then?  Trust?” Frank asked.



They looked at each other and both nodded.



“Well, now we know what we’re dealing with!  If it took you a year to get Brian’s trust the first time, why would you think you could have it back so quickly now?  After the betrayal and the break-up, it may take much longer than before to earn that trust again.”



Justin looked horrified.  “More than a year?” he gasped.



“You’re going to have to prove your commitment, over and over again,” Frank stated clearly.  “Are you up to that?”



“I think so.  No, I know so!  I’m not giving up.  I will get Brian’s trust back.”



“That’s the Justin I know ... and love!” Brian said.



Justin smiled.



“On that cheery note, let’s stop for today,” said Frank.



They left the office and went down to the Jeep.



“Want to go for Italian?” Brian asked.



“Sure,” said Justin, getting into the car.



“I think we have a lot to talk about.”



“You do?”



“Umm Hmmh,” Brian said.



“I thought this shrink business was going to be a disaster, but I have to tell you, you made me so happy and relieved with what you said today.  We need to go to these sessions so that we say these things to each other.  We wouldn’t say them without Frank asking the right questions.”



“That’s true,” said Brian.  “I knew I liked him.  He’s very perceptive.  Did you notice how he didn’t pursue the meaning of the pendant?  He knows when to back off.”



“Yeah.  He seems to know where to push and when not to.”



“Do you know that all the things I said you wanted from me, and I couldn’t give you, I’ve given you?” Brian said.  “And the things I wanted from you, that you couldn’t give me, you have.  The one big issue seems to be trust, and we have to prove that day by day.”



“One day at a time.”



“Right.  I can do it, if you can.”



“I can.  I’m certain.”  Justin grinned.  Brian smiled back.  “So you found me intriguing, did you?” Justin asked, remembering the word Brian had used.



“I couldn’t believe that a very cute blond twink, apparently smart, 1500 SAT, artistic and creative, could be stupid enough to want to be with me, permanently.  I found that very intriguing.”



“Asshole,” said Justin.  “I wasn’t stupid.  I knew you better than you knew yourself.”



“That’s probably true.  I was playing a game that had taken me many years to develop.  I lived in the moment, rarely thought about the future or the consequences of my actions.  You changed all that.”



“For the better?” Justin asked hopefully.



“That remains to be seen, but if I had to bet on it, I’d say yes.”



Justin kissed Brian’s cheek as they arrived at the restaurant.  “I have a very special evening planned for you Mr. Kinney.  Let’s have a big dinner, because you’re going to need a lot of stamina,” Justin whispered lustfully.



Brian grinned.  These shrink visits certainly had unexpected benefits.  He hoped the restaurant service was swift, because he couldn’t wait for the special evening to get under way.

Chapter 8 - Oneupmanship by Thyme

 

Oneupmanship  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Gardner Vance called Brian into his office one morning.  Gardner had a grudging respect for the man, although he didn’t really like the arrogant son of a bitch.  Since Brian had forced Gardner to make him a partner, Brian had brought in millions of dollars of business.  The new company was doing very well.



Brian walked into Gardner’s office, wondering why he had been summoned to the inner sanctum of the arrogant son of a bitch.  He didn’t really like the man, but he had a grudging respect for his business acumen.  He had really expanded the old Ryder Agency.  The company was worth twice as much now as when Vance took it over.  Of course, Brian had been responsible for bringing in a large portion of the new business.  He wondered what Vance wanted.  They rarely had face to face meetings, opting instead for memos and brief phone updates.  Their mutual dislike kept them at arm’s length.



“Brian,” Gardner said, “have a seat.”



Brian sat down and waited for the purpose of this meeting to be explained.



“I guess you’re wondering what this is all about,” Gardner began.



“Taking early retirement?” Brian asked, sucking in his lips.



“No such luck,” Gardner said.  He had to chuckle.  The man was quick.



“Shall I keep guessing, or are you going to tell me?”



“The company is doing very well.  Better than I could have hoped for,” Gardner stated.



“I know,” Brian said simply.



“Fucking arrogant prick!  Thinks it’s all his doing,” Gardner thought.  Aloud he said, “I thought we should have a celebration for the new company, for your partnership, for our successes.  I’ve booked the ballroom at the Fremont for Saturday night.  I thought we’d invite the staff and as many clients as we can muster on short notice.  My secretary has been on the phone the last two days putting out invitations and making arrangements.”



“And you’re telling me this now because ...?” Brian asked, royally ticked that this had all been done without his knowledge.



“So that you can be there.  Maybe make a speech as a new partner.  Bring your significant other.”  Gardner waited for the reaction.  He had heard through the office grapevine that Brian was living with some blond teenager.  He could hardly wait to show Brian up at this party.  The kid would be out of place, and Brian would be taken down a peg or two.  Cocky bastard!



Brian was thinking.  He knew that Vance knew he was gay.  He wondered if he knew about Justin.  Probably.  But why was he specifically trying to get Justin to be at the party?  “I know he doesn’t like me, but what will that get him?” Brian thought.



“I’d be happy to speak, but I wish I had had a bit more notice.  I did have other plans for Saturday night,” he lied.  Well, not really lied.  He had planned to fuck Justin senseless, but he could do that after the party.



“But you can change them,” Gardner stated, not asking, just expecting Brian to do so.



“Sure,” Brian said.  “Asshole!” he thought.



“And your partner.  Will he be able to attend?”



“I’m not sure.  I’ll have to ask him about it.”  Brian knew Justin would attend, if he asked him.  He wanted to keep Gardner off balance.  He’d let him think that Brian might come alone.



“Good.  I’m looking forward to the party, and to meeting your partner,” he stressed.



“Riiight,” Brian said, rising.  “I better get back to work.”  He turned and left.



“Shit!” he thought.  “That son of a bitch knows how to push my buttons.”



He walked back to Cynthia’s desk.  “Did you know about a company party on Saturday?” he asked.



Cynthia looked at him.  “I’ve been hearing some rumblings, but I didn’t want to say anything until I had more concrete information,” she said.



“You’re going to need to improve your connections on the office grapevine.  I don’t like these kinds of surprises.”



“Sorry, Boss.  I’ll get on it right away.”



“Too late for this one, but don’t let it happen again.”

She nodded.  “What exactly is happening?”



“That arrogant prick has booked the ballroom at the Fremont Hotel for Saturday night.  He’s inviting staff and clients, and I’m supposed to speak.”



Cynthia gulped.  She should have known about this.  “Need some help with your speech?” she asked.



“I know what I’d like to say, but I’m not stupid enough to do that.  I’ll have to choose my words carefully.”



“Do be careful, Brian,” she said, not wanting him to jeopardize their new status.



“I know.  But I wish I knew what he is up to.”



“What do you mean?”



“He specifically asked me to bring my partner, my significant other.  He asked three times.”



“So?” Cynthia asked, confused.



“There has to be some underlying reason.  I wonder what he is playing at.  What do you think he knows about Justin?”



“Not much, I would think.  The office knows you’re with a teenager.  They have seen his mother here, the few who are still on staff.”



A light went off in Brian’s head.  “That must be it.  He thinks I’m with some inept little kid that will make me look bad in front of everyone.”



“You think?” Cynthia asked.



“It has to be.  Well, he hasn’t met Justin.”



“You show him, Boss, and I’ll get my feelers out to see if I can find out anything else.”



“Good,” Brian said, going into his office.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



When Brian arrived home at 7 pm, Justin had dinner ready, and they sat down to eat.



“I have an invitation for you,” Brian said.



“Invitation?” Justin asked.



“Vance is having a party Saturday night, and he wants you to come.”



“Me?  Why?  What sort of party?”



“A celebration for our new business venture, me as partner and him as owner.  We’ve been raking in the business since he took over.  It’s black tie, at the Fremont Hotel.  I’m supposed to speak.”



“Wow, but why me?”



“He specifically asked me to bring you.”



“How do you feel about that?”  Justin knew Brian liked to keep his private life private.  He had never gone to anything like this with Brian.



“I think he wants to find out more about me.  We don’t like each other.  I have a sneaking suspicion he thinks you’re a dumb kid who will make me look bad at the party.”



Justin’s eyes got large, and he felt hurt by that comment.  “Do you think that’s what I would do - make you look bad?”  Justin’s voice quivered just a bit.



“Absolutely not!  Vance is going to be blown away by you.”



Justin beamed.  “You mean it?  You think he’ll be impressed by me?”  Justin could barely believe Brian’s praise.



“You’re no little kid, Justin.  In fact, I often forget you’re still a teenager.  You’re my partner and my equal,” Brian said confidently.



Justin thought he would burst with pride.  He raced around the table and threw himself into Brian’s lap.  He kissed Brian with such fervor that they were soon both breathless.



“I love you.  I love you so much,” Justin vowed.



“Okay, Hoover,” he said between kisses.  He started moving his hips around on the chair.  Justin’s luscious bottom on top of his cock was having predictable results.



Justin was undoing the buttons on Brian’s shirt.



“I guess we’re done with dinner,” Brian said, pulling off Justin’s t-short.



“For now,” Justin said, undoing Brian’s pants.



They continued kissing and disrobing.  When they were both naked, Brian turned Justin around, and he leaned his hands on Brian’s chair, his bubble butt elevated in all its glory.  Brian kissed each cheek of his ass and licked the pucker.  He spit on it, and it spasmed in response.  He reached around and stuck a finger in Justin’s mouth.  Justin sucked on it, then coated it with saliva and opened his mouth.  Brian moved the finger to Justin’s hole and pressed in.  Justin hissed in response, and Brian fucked the finger in and out.  He grabbed the lube and condom from his pants and got them both ready.



As he positioned his cock at Justin’s spasming pucker, he leaned over and said, “We are going to make Vance so jealous that we have each other.  He’ll regret ever trying to get one up on either of us.”



Justin turned and kissed him.  Brian plunged in.  They rocked together, grunting and responding to each other.  Justin rotated his hips as he rocked back to meet Brian’s thrusts.  They continued their dance of joy until each thought he would explode.



“Now, Brian!”  Justin said breathlessly, and he shot all over his stomach and the chair.



Justin’s orgasm brought on Brian’s.  When he was finished coming, he carefully withdrew his penis, and turned Justin to kiss him gently, but deeply.  They clung to each other for a few minutes, as their breathing came back to normal.



“Maybe we should do this at the party,” Brian said sarcastically.  “I bet they’d all be beating off in time with us.”



“Brian,” Justin giggled, “I’m not putting on any such exhibition for anyone but you.  However, now that you mention it, I may have to go to the party naked.”



“Why?” Brian wondered.  Surely Justin didn’t think he was serious.



“I don’t have a tux,” Justin said.



“We can fix that.  I’ll take you to my tailor tomorrow.”



“Are you sure?  Maybe I shouldn’t go.”



“No way!  I want you there.  We’ll show them, together.”



“Okay, partner.”  Justin grinned, basking happily in the glow of Brian’s confidence in him.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



At work the next day Cynthia had some news for him.  “I’ve found out that Vance is planning to make a presentation to you.  His secretary told me that he has bought you a gift.”



“A gift?” Brian asked.  “What’s that about?”



“I don’t know.  Once I got her to spill about the gift, she clammed right up.  Apparently, it’s supposed to be a surprise, and she shouldn’t have mentioned it at all.  I couldn’t get her to tell me what the gift was, and I had to promise that I wouldn’t tell you about it.”



“You are so bad!  Breaking your promises,” said Brian, smiling at her.  “I’m glad you got that much out of her.  I don’t like surprises like this.  Good work!”



“Thanks.  I’ll try and find out more, but I don’t think she’s going to let anything else slip.”


“If I’m right, and Vance is trying to make me look bad at this party, then maybe I need to get a gift for him too,” Brian said, sucking in his lips.



“A gift?”  Cynthia asked.  That was the last thing she was expecting.  “Oh!  Like a cobra in a box, or a hand grenade with the plug already pulled.”



“God, you have an evil mind!”



“Thanks,” she said, chuckling.  “Isn’t that why you keep me around?”



“I intend to beat him at his own game,” Brian stated, ignoring her question.



“What does that mean?”



“I need to come up with the perfect gift for him.  Something so right and so expensive that he will have to appreciate it, even though he’ll want to throw it at me,” Brian said, thinking.



“And you call me evil!  That’s a tall order to fill,” Cynthia said.  



“Well, start thinking.  We only have three days.  Oh, and make an appointment with my tailor for today, if you can get it.  I need two new tuxes.”



“Two?  So Justin’s going?”



Brian sucked in his lips and nodded.



“You two are going to be so stunning that Vance will have to eat crow.  He has no idea who he’s up against, does he?”  Cynthia smirked.



Brian stuck his tongue in his cheek, and grinned.



“God, I’m glad I’m on your side,” Cynthia said.



“By the way, get yourself a dazzling new gown, on me.  I want you to be a standout too,” Brian said.



“Thanks, Boss.  I’ll get right on that!”



“Wait till lunch.  Get some of the other stuff done first.”



Cynthia grinned and nodded.



Brian walked into his office.  He had a lot to do and a lot to think about before Saturday.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Cynthia got him an appointment with his tailor for 6 pm.  He called Justin and arranged to pick him up, so they could go to the tailor’s together.  At six, they arrived at Charles Henderson - Fine Clothing and Tailoring.  Justin had never been to a tailor, so this was a new experience.  He was a little nervous, but he knew Brian wanted him to look special for the party.



“Evening, Charles,” Brian said, as the tailor let them in and locked the door behind them.  “Thanks for staying late.  This is kind of a rush order for a very important party.”



“No problem, Mr. Kinney,” Charles said.



“This is Justin Taylor, Charles.  The other tux is for him.”



“Mr. Taylor.”  Charles shook his hand.  “Let’s try on some tuxes and see what looks good, shall we?  The change rooms are over here.  I’ll pick out some samples and bring them to you.”



Justin looked at Brian and gave him a nervous grin.  Brian nodded encouragement, and Justin headed for the change room.



“Would you like to see the new Armani, Mr. Kinney?” he asked.



Brian tried on the Armani which looked great on him.  Charles still wanted to make a few nips and tucks so that it would be perfect.



Justin tried on several tuxedos, but both Brian and Charles thought the Ralph Lauren looked best on him.  Charles took a few tucks and made some marks to alter the suit for an exact fit.  Justin’s bubble butt presented the biggest problem in the very tailored tux.  Charles wanted to make sure the trousers hung just right.  He was an expert tailor, and Brian knew he would make it look wonderful on Justin.



Charles promised to have the tuxes ready for Friday, so they could try them on again and make sure they were absolutely perfect.



When they left, Brian picked up Thai take-out and they went back to the loft.



“You’ll look great in that tux,” Brian said to Justin, as they ate.  “We’ll get you shoes tomorrow.  Did you like the shirt Charles had you wear with the tux?”



“Yeah, it was great.  Thanks, Brian.  This is going to cost a fortune.  I just rented the tux when I went to the prom.”



They both looked at each other, remembering things they wished they could forget.



“Don’t worry about it.  We’re both going to look sensational!  Now, if I could just think of the perfect gift for Vance,” Brian said.



“Gift?  For Vance?  Why?”



“I told you he has some kind of agenda to put me in my place.  Cynthia found out that he’s presenting me with some gift at this party.   I intend to beat him at his own game, so I need an even better gift to give him,” Brian said.



“What’s he giving you?” Justin asked.



“I don’t know.  Cynthia couldn’t pry that out of his secretary.”



“Then how are you going to top it, if you don’t know what it is?”



“Hmm,” Brian said.  “I want it to be unique, one of a kind.  Something that people will be impressed with.  Something that he’ll have to look at, and know that I gave it to him.”



“That’s a tall order,” Justin said.



“That’s what Cynthia said.  Got any ideas?”



“Well, artwork could be impressive,” Justin volunteered.



“That’s true.  A sculpture, maybe.  Or a portrait.  That’s it!  Justin, could you do one of your sketches, of Vance, by Saturday?”



“I guess so, but don’t you want someone famous?  To make a big splash?”



“No.  Think about it.  If you do one of your great sketches, what a slap in the face for him, when he has to accept it, especially after thinking you are some dumb kid.  I’ll suggest he put it up in his office.  He’ll have to look at it every day.  He’ll know that you are a brilliant artist, not a silly teenager.  We will have beat him at his own game.  Perfect revenge!!” said Brian.



Justin wasn’t so sure.  “Do you think that’s a good idea?”



“I don’t care if it’s a good idea.  I think it’s a great idea.  I love it!’



“All right,” Justin conceded.  “Do you have a picture of him I can work from?”



“Didn’t I save the newspaper article about the takeover of the Ryder Agency?  It had a picture of Vance in it.”



“Yeah, it’s in the desk.”  Justin went over to the desk and found the file folder with the story.  It wasn’t a great picture.  “It would be better if I could see him in person too,” Justin said.



“You could come to work with me tomorrow, and we’ll stake out his parking space,” Brian plotted.



“Sounds like espionage,” Justin said.



“Yes, 007.  We can make this work.”



“Okay,” said Justin, still having doubts.



“Want your reward now, little boy?” Brian asked suggestively.



“What did you have in mind, old man?”



“Come to bed, and I’ll show you,” he promised.



And he did, several times that night.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



The next morning Brian drove them to work, parking behind a post which gave them a view of Vance’s parking space.  While they waited, they did a little tongue wrestling and cock rubbing.  Suddenly they heard a car and pulled apart.  Vance got out of his car and looked around.  Justin got a good look at him before he opened the trunk and took out his briefcase.  He then walked away from them towards the elevator.



“Did you get a good look?” Brian asked.



“Good enough.  He’s not much to look at.”



Brian snorted.  “I know, but make him look as good as you can.”



“I’m an artist, not a miracle worker,” Justin giggled.



Brian kissed him.  “This is going to be the best party!” he crowed.  “I can hardly wait.”



“You are so bad!” Justin said, kissing him back.



“Take the Jeep, and pick me up at six in front of the building.  We’ll get you some shoes for the party.  Good luck with the portrait,” Brian said, getting out of the Jeep.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



The next two days were spent getting ready for the party.  They had the next fitting of their tuxes.  They looked fabulous according to Brian.  Justin’s sketch looked unbelievable.  He had managed to make Vance look authoritative and powerful, but also somewhat attractive.  Brian was very impressed.  Justin was pleased.  He wanted to make this perfect for Brian.  This was the first time Brian had ever asked him to do anything like this, and he didn’t want to let him down.



Cynthia had been unable to find out what Vance’s gift was, but she had learned that Vance would speak first at the party, introducing Brian as partner.  That would probably be when he would present the gift.  Then Brian would respond, saying some nice things about the firm and about Vance.  He could then present his gift to Vance.  Brian thought that would work well, because Justin’s portrait would be sure to top whatever Vance gave him.



Brian smiled.  He loved intrigue, when he was on top of it, and when he was sure he was going to win.



“Did you get a dress?” Brian asked Cynthia.



“A humdinger!” she replied.



“I bet I’ll be paying through the nose for that,” Brian groaned.



“You got it!  Looking sensational ain’t cheap!” Cynthia said, leaving his office.



“She’s worth every penny,” Brian thought, so glad to have Cynthia as his right hand man.  He chuckled.



Saturday couldn’t come soon enough.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian and Justin dressed for the party.  They had had a little pre-party sex in the shower.  Brian was so pleased with Justin’s portrait.  Justin had got it framed at the Institute, and it looked spectacular.  Justin, himself, looked pretty spectacular in his new tux.  It fit him perfectly.  Brian wanted to rip it off him, as soon as he saw him in it.  Justin had to fight him off, saying he would spoil their plan and make them late if he didn’t stop.



“Later,” he promised, as he kissed Brian.



“Later, and count on it!” Brian vowed.  It was going to be a long evening for his cock.



Brian looked phenomenal in his new tux.  It skimmed his lithe body like a second skin.  Justin straightened his bowtie for him, and pronounced him perfect.  They picked up the portrait and got ready to leave.



“Hurry up,” Justin said.  “It’s 8:30 already.”



“I’m always fashionably late,” Brian stated.



“Come on!”  Justin dragged him out of the loft.



It was almost nine when they arrived.  They had found the ballroom manager and asked him to quietly place the portrait behind the podium for later.



As they approached the entrance to the ballroom, Brian asked, “Ready?”



“Ready,” Justin stated, squeezing Brian’s hand.



They each took a deep breath and stepped through the doorway.  Heads turned immediately, and conversations were broken off.



“Just like Babylon,” Brian whispered.



Justin smiled, and they started across the room.  Eyes followed them.  They looked unbelievably wonderful together.  Brian had seen Cynthia.  She looked fabulous in a golden creation, and Brian headed for her, Justin by his side.



“Money well spent,” Brian said, giving her the once over.  “You look great!”



“Thanks,” she said, and Brian thought he saw a blush.  He kissed her on the cheek, and she did blush.



“You guys look terrific!” she said, regaining her composure.



“Thanks.  Cynthia, this is Justin.  I don’t think you’ve met in person, just on the phone.”



“Justin,” she said, putting her hand out to shake his.  “It’s good to finally meet you.”



“You look lovely,” he said.



“He’s definitely a keeper,” she said to Brian.



He rolled his eyes, and said, “Yeah.”



Conversations had begun again since their trip across the ballroom floor.  “Probably about us,” Brian thought with a smirk.  He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned.  It was Gardner Vance.



“Evening, Gardner,” he said.



“Brian,” Gardner replied, shaking his hand.  “Are you going to introduce me?” he asked, looking at Justin.  This kid was gorgeous, but looked about fourteen.  “This is going to be so easy,” he thought.  “Lamb to the slaughter!”



“Gardner, this is Justin Taylor.”



“Justin,” Gardner said, shaking his hand.  “Nice to meet you, finally.”



“A pleasure,” Justin said suavely.  “It looks like the party’s going well.  Thanks for inviting me.”



“Right,” said Gardner, not expecting such a polished response.



“What do you do, Justin?”



“I’m a student at PIFA.”



“PIFA?” Gardner asked.



“Pittsburgh Institute of Fine Art,” Cynthia clarified.



“Oh,” Gardner said.  He thought the kid would have still been in high school.  This wasn’t going quite the way he had intended.  “Why don’t you two get a drink, and in a few minutes we’ll do the speeches.  I better mingle,” he said, moving away.



Cynthia chuckled.  “That was perfect, Justin.  Took the wind right out of his sails.”  She patted Justin’s arm.



“Thanks,” he said, “I’m nervous as Hell.”



“Nobody would ever know it,” she assured him.



They each got a drink, Brian a martini and Justin a coke, thinking he wanted to keep his wits about him.  Brian introduced Justin to some of the people he worked with, including one of his assistants, Kevin, who had inadvertently given him the song, “You Are My Sunshine”.



Justin more than held his own with each of them.  Once again Brian marveled at how easily Justin talked to people.  He seemed to be able to fit into any group.  It had taken Brian years of practice to do what Justin did so effortlessly.



They heard someone blowing into the microphone, and turned to see Vance getting ready to speak to the assembled throng.  Brian and Justin moved closer.  Brian felt Cynthia come up beside him.



Vance proceeded to thank them all for coming.  He hoped they were enjoying the evening.  He talked about the new firm, and its early successes.  He toasted all the employees and their hard work.  They applauded him in return.  He then turned toward Brian, and called him over, saying that Brian was now a partner and had had a lot to do with the firm getting off to such a rousing start.



Brian smiled, and looked suitably modest.  Justin couldn’t help but smile.  Brian was the least modest person he had ever met.



Vance was saying, “Brian, I wanted to present you with a little gift in appreciation of your hard work in getting this enterprise off to such a good beginning.”  He pulled a small box out of his pocket and handed it to Brian.



Brian lifted the lid and saw a gold cigarette case and lighter, each with his initials engraved on it.  He held it up for everyone to see, and stepped to the microphone.



“Thank you, Gardner,” he began.  “For those of you at the back.  It’s a gold cigarette case and lighter.”  There was some applause.  “I’m surprised that you’re contributing to my vices, Gardner,” Brian added.  There was laughter, and Gardner looked annoyed.



“I am very pleased to be a partner in Vangard, and I’m grateful for the praise Gardner has heaped on me tonight.  However, he must take the majority of the credit.  When he bought the Ryder Agency, I was very surprised.  The changes he has made were quite drastic, but no one can argue with the results.”



There was applause.  Gardner looked pleased.



“I am sure he will continue to work hard to improve the agency to the benefit of us all.  I did get wind that he was giving me a gift tonight, so I thought it would be only right to reciprocate.  So, Gardner, if you will come back up here.”  He waited as Gardner came back up on the podium step.  “I’d like Justin Taylor to join us,” Brian said.  Justin started toward the podium.  Gardner looked confused, but stood waiting.  Justin went behind the podium and picked up a frame.  Only the back was visible.



“Gardner, I thought you might like this to decorate your office,” Brian said, smiling ingratiatingly.  He was enjoying this so much.  “Justin drew this for you.”



Justin turned the portrait around and held it up between himself and Gardner.  There were gasps, and then genuine applause.  Gardner didn’t know whether to be thrilled or pissed.  The portrait was very impressive.  He looked great in it, but here was this kid, who was supposed to be the butt of ridicule, stealing the moment.  He was obviously very talented.



Gardner took hold of the portrait.  He stepped up to the microphone.  “This is certainly an unexpected surprise,” he said.  “I didn’t know I was getting anything, let alone such a wonderful portrait.  Thank you, Brian, and Justin.”



He shook their hands, then leaned in to Justin and whispered, “Please say a few words.”  Justin shook his head, but Gardner stepped back to the microphone, and said, “Let’s hear from the artist.”



Amidst applause, Gardner pushed Justin forward.



Justin didn’t know what to say.  He didn’t want to say anything, but he knew Brian was counting on him.



He cleared his throat.  He could feel Gardner smirking behind him.  “It was my pleasure to do the portrait, Mr. Vance.  You were quite a challenging subject.”  There were scattered laughs at that.  Justin risked a look at Brian, who smiled encouragement.  “I hope you enjoy the portrait, and find it worthy of being mounted on the wall of your office.”



Justin stepped back, and Gardner said into the mike, “Thanks.  Enjoy the rest of the evening, everyone.”  He turned around.  “Brian, Justin, thank you,” he said curtly, and then he and the portrait were gone.



Brian touched Justin’s sleeve.  “You were great,” he said.  “I couldn’t have done better myself.  Now he’ll have to put it up in his office.  The clients will all want a closer look.  I’m going to give you such a reward tonight!”  He wanted to rip off Justin’s tux and ravish him there in front of everybody.  His cock was so hard it hurt.  He thought he would explode with love and need for Justin.  He kept his back to the audience not wanting everyone to see his need.



Cynthia stepped up beside him.  She glanced at Brian, and the look on his face made her glance at his crotch.  She hoped he didn’t notice.  She didn’t want to embarrass him.  “I’m going to get a drink,” she said.  “Do you want me to get you anything?”  She saw Brian take a couple of deep breaths.



“No thanks,” he managed to say.



“That was some performance, you two,” she said, thinking he might need a little more time to compose himself.



“I bet Vance is pissed at me,” Justin said.



“I think that’s a given,” she said.  “It was a wonderful likeness of him.  Better than he looks most days.”



“Justin’s brilliant at faces,” Brian said, getting control of himself.



“I’ll say.  I guess I’ll get that drink now,” she said.



“Thanks,” Brian said, genuinely grateful.



“Any time.”  She winked and walked away.



As soon as she left, Justin was surrounded by people congratulating him on his brilliant piece of work.  Brian moved over to the bar and got another martini.  He talked to a few clients and some co-workers.  All congratulated him on being partner, and on the gifts, the one he received and especially the one he gave.  He also heard many compliments about having such a handsome and talented partner.



After a few minutes Justin found him.



“Can we go now?” Justin asked.



“Sure,” said Brian, glad to be getting out of there.



“I want you so bad I don’t think I can wait till we get home,” Justin whispered.



“We don’t have to wait.  This is a hotel, you know,” Brian said.



As quickly as they could, they made their way out of the ballroom.  Thankfully they didn’t run into Vance who must have been around somewhere.  They went to the front desk and got a room.  In the elevator they couldn’t keep their hands or their lips off each other.  They barely got the door closed when Justin was down on his knees blowing Brian.  He had known how much trouble Brian was in after the presentation, and he wanted to give him relief as soon as possible.



They fucked and sucked for most of the night.



Brian’s theory was that they might as well get their money’s worth out of the room, so they used every piece of furniture and all the fixtures in the bathroom to fuck on, or over, or up against.  It was a perfect ending to a most successful evening.



“How did I ever doubt that we belonged together?” Brian wondered.  Justin was truly his equal, if not his superior, in every way.  “How did I get so lucky to find you, My Only Sunshine?” he whispered to Justin, after one of their many fucks.



“You never know what you might pick up on Liberty Avenue,” Justin said, kissing him.



“I love you,” Brian said, and kissed him back.  All doubts were pushed aside, at least for now.

Chapter 9 - Nightmare to Dream by Thyme

 

Nightmare to Dream  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Brian and Justin’s visits with Dr. Frank Jamison continued to probe their relationship.  Frank had begun to realize that the two men were a very special pair.  They were very intelligent and a strikingly handsome couple.  They seemed to have an indefinable connection that completed each other.  He wondered how they had survived when they broke up.  It couldn’t have been easy for either of them.  If they remembered how being apart had affected them, and he suspected it was torture for each of them, then perhaps they would realize just how much they needed to renew their trust and stay together.



For weeks now Justin had had no nightmares, and he was very thankful for that.  The nightmare which was always the same had been very disturbing.  It had, however, led them to Dr. Jamison.  He had been able to draw things out of Brian that Justin never thought he would hear.  He had been afraid that Brian, and Frank, would lay all the blame on him.  He didn’t want to hear that he was too young, too fickle, too unsure of his feelings, but that hadn’t happened.  Brian had accepted his share of the responsibility for the break-up.  He had said he loved, needed and didn’t want to lose Justin.  That was huge!  Brian had said those things, albeit reluctantly, to Justin, but to declare them in front of someone else!  Justin’s heart had been so full.



Brian couldn’t say he enjoyed these sessions with Frank.  Some of the stuff they got into was pretty difficult for him to talk about, but he was willing to do it if it meant he and Justin stayed together.  He had begun to realize just how important Justin was to him.  It wasn’t just sex, although that was amazing as always.  It was having an intellectual equal to be with, to experience things with, to share with and to plan a future with.  Brian realized that Justin brought out the best in him.  He felt better and more worthwhile when he was with this special young man.



They still had a reluctance to talk on their own.  With Frank as mediator they were able to get at the heart of their problems.  They discussed things they were too frightened to bring up by themselves.



Following the party they attended a session with Frank.  Both of them were still very upbeat from the success of the party.  Frank noticed this immediately.



“It looks like you two must have had a great weekend,” Frank said.



“Fabulous!” Brian stated.



“It was pretty great,” Justin added.



“Want to tell me about it?” Frank asked.



Justin looked at Brian who shrugged.



“We went to a party for Brian’s work.  He bought me a new tuxedo for it, and we both looked great!  Brian asked me to draw a portrait of his boss, and we presented it to him at the party.  It was a big hit.”



“I guess that made you feel very special, Justin.”



“It did. Also that Brian trusted me to do the portrait, and that I spoke at the presentation.”



“A very big weekend for you!” Frank agreed.



Justin smiled and nodded.



“How about you, Brian?”



“My boss is an asshole.  We don’t like each other, but we’ve learned to tolerate each other for the good of the company.  For some reason he decided to try and put me in my place at this party.  We topped him every time.”



“We?” Frank asked.



“I couldn’t have done it without Justin’s help.”



“Oh?”



“My boss thought I was living with some teenaged dummy, and he invited Justin to the party to make me look bad, but his plan backfired.  We showed him!” Brian said, smirking.



“So you worked together on this?” Frank asked.



“We did,” said Brian.  “I was very proud of Justin.”



Justin beamed his sunshine smile.



“Did it feel like a true and equal partnership?”



“Definitely,” Brian stated.



“Did you trust each other?”



They both nodded.



“Do you feel like the trust is returning to your relationship?”



“Yes,” they both said.



“That’s good.  Could you have carried this off without Justin, Brian?”



“I doubt it.”



“And Justin, could you have enjoyed all of this success without Brian?”



Justin shook his head.  “It would never have happened without Brian, and I wouldn’t have had the confidence to carry it off without him.”



Frank nodded.  “Do you two hear what you have been telling me?  How much you need each other.  How much you depend on each other.  I think you have demonstrated the importance of each one of you to the other.”



“I agree,” said Brian.  “So what does that mean?”



“That you don’t need me so much,” Frank said.



“You kickin’ us out of the nest, Frank?” Brian asked.



“You could call it that.”



“I’m not sure we’re ready to end these sessions totally,” Brian added.



“I didn’t mean completely end them, but I think we can cut back to once a month or less, and we’ll see how it goes.  If something happens, we can always fit in a session.”



“That sounds good, but there is one wrinkle,” Brian admitted.



“What’s that?” Frank asked.



“We came here because Justin had nightmares when I left him for a business trip.  I have a trip to Chicago scheduled for Wednesday.  I haven’t told Justin yet, because I just found out that I had to go this morning.  This will be a big test of how far we’ve come.”



“Agreed.  Knowing that, I think you should come in next Monday, and we’ll talk about how each of you handles the separation.  Do you think you’ll be all right, Justin?”



“I hope so.  I feel differently about our relationship now than I did when I had the nightmares.”



“That’s good.  I think you’ll be fine.  Both of you.”



As they left Frank’s office, Brian heard the little whisper of doubt in his head.  He hadn’t heard the little voice for quite a while.  “I hope this isn’t a mistake leaving him,” Brian thought.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Wednesday morning came too quickly.  They had gotten quite a bit of exercise the night before.  Brian tried to reassure Justin that everything would be all right, even though he was worried about leaving him alone.  When the alarm woke them, Justin was sprawled across Brian’s chest.



“I wish you didn’t have to go,” Justin said, not moving.



“We still have lots of time.  My flight isn’t until ten.  Let’s shower,” Brian said.



They stood in the shower holding on to each other.  That was enough at first, but the close contact soon had expected results.  Soft kisses under the warm water turned to dueling tongues and swollen lips.  Gentle caresses turned to exquisite friction and rubbing on intimate parts.  Brian used soapy fingers to open Justin’s hole.  He loved every part of the young man, physical, mental and emotional.  This spot was where they joined together as one.  Brian kissed Justin’s neck and back.  His worries about leaving had turned to intense desire.  Brian wanted to fill Justin, to surround him and protect him.  He gently pushed Justin against the glass of the shower and entered him.



He pressed his body tight against Justin, arms wrapped around the boy’s chest, mouth against his ear, cock impaled in the body he knew so well.  This was the only place he really wanted to be.  He felt tears well up in his eyes.  Never having been loved, he had rarely felt safe and wanted, but this met both those needs.  This was his haven of safety, of gentleness, of love.



“Brian,” Justin said, “are you all right?”



“Sorry,” said Brian, “I was thinking and ... feeling so much.”



He continued to hold on tight, not moving inside Justin.



“I love you,” said Justin, feeling the need to start moving.



Brian began a slow rhythmic in and out.  They both gasped at the delicious friction.  As their orgasms built, they moved faster, pounding against each other.  Justin felt Brian grab his cock and pump up and down in rhythm with his thrusts.



Justin arched back and shouted, “Aaahhhh!”



The muscles of his anus contracted with his orgasm, and Brian too was coming.  They leaned against the glass of the shower until the world stopped spinning.



As Brian disposed of the condom, Justin whispered,” I’ll miss you.”



“Just be all right while I’m gone. Okay?” Brian asked.



“I’ll try.  I think I’ll be okay.”



They finally managed to get dressed and Justin drove them to the airport.



“I’ll call you at ten,” Brian said, getting out of the car.



“Bye,” said Justin rather wistfully.



Brian walked around the car, leaned in the window and gave Justin a kiss to last him till Brian returned.



“I’ll be bock,” he said in his best Arnold Swartzenegger voice.



Justin had to laugh.  “You better be,” he said.



“Bye, Sunshine.”



Justin drove away in the Jeep.  “It’ll be all right,” he said to himself.  “It has to be.”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian called promptly at ten.



“How are you?” he asked first thing.



“Quit worrying,” Justin responded.  “I’m fine.  Besides I haven’t been asleep yet.”



“Are you expecting the nightmare?”



“I hope not, but I can’t help wondering what will happen when I do fall asleep.”



“Want a little exercise to tire you out?” Brian asked.



“What do you propose?” Justin asked, smiling.



“Me, propose.  Never.”



“You know what I mean.”



“Okay, Hoover!” Brian said.



Justin groaned.



“Don’t you like that name?”



“Not particularly.”



“But it conjures up some intriguing images.”



“Like what?”



“You attached to the end of my dick, and no amount of pulling or wagging can shake you loose.”



“Um, interesting.  You always taste so good.  What else?”



“You attached to my balls, sucking and rolling them around in your mouth.”



“Even better.  Anything else?”



“You attached to my nipple, sucking it until it stands up hard and aching.”



“I’m getting hard just listening to you.  You should write these down for posterity.  Generations from now people will probably Hoover each other in memory of your images.”



Brian chuckled.  “I saved the best till last.”



“What’s that?”



“Your mouth attached to mine, sucking on my lips, our tongues exploring each other’s mouths, breath and saliva intermingled.”



“God, Brian, that is so erotic.  My dick wishes you were here, but I guess my hand will have to do.”



“Naughty Hoover!  Wait for me.”



They both worked faster on their cocks, coming in a rush of need, desire and longing.  They lay back, gasping for breath when they were through.



“Feels so good,” Justin sighed in relief.



“Good night, Hoover.  Sleep well,” Brian whispered.



“See you tomorrow night.”  Justin cut the connection.  He was deliciously tired and ready to sleep.  Perchance to dream?  He hoped not.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin opened the door to the loft.  He stepped inside looking around for Brian.  Something didn’t feel right.  He called out, “Brian!”



There was no answer.  His anxiety increased and his breaths came faster and more shallow.  He turned back toward the door.  His breath caught in his throat.  A figure loomed in the doorway.  His heart started to pound and he couldn’t get a breath.  He backed away as the figure stepped forward.



“No,” he whimpered.  “No, please.”



“Justin,” the figure said.



Justin looked up expecting to see Chris Hobbs and the baseball bat.  He looked into hazel eyes filled with concern.



“Brian,” he gasped, and Brian opened his arms and drew him close, hugging him into a warm, safe embrace.



“I’m here,” he said.  “Don’t be afraid.”



“I’m not afraid, now that you’re here.”



Justin’s breathing slowed to normal, as he remained wrapped in the safety of Brian’s arms.



In his sleep Justin rolled over and settled into a new position.  He did not wake from this dream.  There was no need, because Brian was there and he was safe.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



The next morning when Justin awoke, he reached over for Brian, but found the bed empty.  Momentary panic gave way to the realization that Brian was still in Chicago.  He had been sure that Brian was there protecting him.  Brian had been there in the dream.  He remembered it all now.  It had been Brian, not Chris Hobbs.  Brian had been there for him, there to keep the memory of Chris Hobbs away, there to keep him safe.  It wasn’t a nightmare, merely a dream. He could depend on Brian.  He had been there for him when he needed him, like he was sure he would be from now on.  He smiled.



At 6 pm he picked up Brian at the airport.  Justin ‘Hoovered’ him mercilessly when he saw him.  The other passengers got quite a show, as Justin attached himself to Brian’s mouth and refused to let go.



“Just like my image from last night,” Brian chuckled, when Justin finally let him up for air.



“Let’s go home,” Justin said.  “I have something to tell you.”



“What?” Brian wanted to know, but Justin dragged him out of the airport, refusing to say anything more until they got home.



Justin had prepared a special dinner for them.  They sat down to salad just after they got home.



“Are you going to tell me your secret or not?”  Brian was getting slightly exasperated.



“It’s not a secret,” Justin said coyly.



“So, tell me!”



“’Kay,” said Justin.  “I had a dream last night.”



“The nightmare?” Brian asked, looking worried.



“I said dream, not nightmare.  It was almost the same one, but with a new wrinkle.”



“What do you mean?”



“In the dream when I turned toward the door, it wasn’t Chris Hobbs ready to clobber me, it was you.  You were there.  You hugged me.  I wasn’t scared and I didn’t even wake up.”



“So the dream has changed for the better.”  Brian was pleased.  “What do you think that means?”



“I don’t know for sure, but I think it means that I can depend on you.  That I don’t have to worry about Chris Hobbs anymore, or worry about anyone hurting me, or about you abandoning me when I need you.”



“Wow.  That’s a lot of meaning for one dream.  Maybe we shouldn’t jump to conclusions.  We can talk to Frank on Monday and see what he thinks about it.”



Justin looked crestfallen.  He had hoped Brian would be as happy as he was with this new ending to the dream.  Brian sounded wary, like it was too good to be true.



“I didn’t mean to bring you down,” he said, seeing the look of disappointment on Justin’s face.  “I just think we should be careful about reading too much into one dream.  At least it was a happy outcome, and you didn’t have to call Emmett,” Brian added, remembering the last nightmare.



He could tell Justin wasn’t very happy with him.  “He must have expected me to tell him everything would be fantastic from now on.  How can I do that, when I know we will still have tough times?  I must be getting old, when I no longer have the exuberance of youth,” he thought.  Then he cringed at this admission, even to himself.



“Good salad,” he said to break the tension.



“Thanks,” said Justin, still disappointed in Brian’s reaction.



They finished their salads in silence.



Justin had made lasagna for the main course.  They could just get it in under Brian’s rule of no carbs after eight.



It was delicious, and Brian made sure to compliment Justin, hoping to cheer him up.  Nothing seemed to do much good.  When they finished the lasagna, Brian suggested they go to Woody’s and maybe Babylon.  Justin was rather reluctant, but finally agreed.



They found Ted and Emmett at Woody’s, and joined them for a drink.  Justin told Emmett about the dream, and of course, Emmett was thrilled for him.  Justin perked up after that, having someone to agree with him and support his idea that everything would be fine from now on.



Brian asked Ted how the porn site was going, hoping to direct the conversation away from the dream and Justin’s interpretation of it.



“Raking it in,” Ted said, “but it’s long hours and not much thanks for all my hard work.”



“I’ll be sure to send you an e-mail thanking you for providing such a vital service,” Brian said, sticking his tongue in his cheek.



“Un hunh,” Ted responded, knowing Brian was being his usual sarcastic asshole self.



“We’re heading to Babylon,” Brian said, standing up.



“We’ll join you,” Emmett volunteered.



Babylon was pretty dull for a Thursday night.  Brian and Justin danced a bit, had a few drinks, and left before too long.



When they arrived back at the loft, Brian knew Justin still wasn’t too happy with him.  He thought he better bite the bullet and talk about it.



“Look, Justin, I know I disappointed you with my reaction to your dream.”



“You were just being honest,” Justin conceded, still looking unhappy.



“I was and I am.  I hope you’re right and the dream means you’ve turned some kind of corner.  That you trust me.”



“But ...” Justin could hear the ‘but’ in Brian’s voice.



“But that doesn’t mean that we will have no more problems.  It may indicate that we trust each other more, but I don’t think all those issues are fully dealt with either.”



Justin looked crushed, especially after Brian’s last statement.



“I don’t want to talk about this any more,” Justin said.



“Neither do I.  Maybe Frank will be able to help us.”



Brian grabbed Justin’s hand and pulled him up into a kiss.  The boy didn’t show much enthusiasm at first, but a few Brian kisses and strategic caresses, and they were both starting to pant.  Brian began removing articles of clothing from Justin’s body, and soon he was naked, his cock ready for action.  Brian backed him up against the sofa and knelt down.  He looked up into Justin’s face to tell him without words that he loved him and needed him.  Justin bent over and kissed his lover, gently, then more deeply, then passionately.  Brian’s hand encircled Justin’s cock and began working it.  Justin moaned through his kisses.  Brian pulled away and took Justin’s pulsing rod into his mouth.  He treated it with reverence at first, gentle kisses, licks and sucks until Justin was barely able to breathe, and his hips pushed the cock deeper into Brian’s mouth.  Brian’s well trained lips and mouth and tongue soon had Justin coming.  Brian took it all, waiting for the orgasm to subside, and then sucking the last drops.  He stood up, holding on to the boy who sagged against the couch, eyes closed.



“Feel better now?” he asked softly.



“Um hmm,” was all Justin could reply.  He always felt great after Brian did anything sexual with him.  He was sure there was no better lover in the universe than Brian Kinney.



Brian gently pulled Justin up to the bedroom and removed his own clothing.  They had much more to do before either of them slept.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Monday afternoon they attended their appointment with Dr. Frank.  Frank knew something was wrong as soon as they walked in.  There was a kind of distance or disconnection between them.  He didn’t like it.



“So what happened?” he asked.



Justin told him about the nightmare with the new ending, and how happy he was that he had got through Brian’s absence so well.  Brian didn’t say anything during this.



“Sounds like you’ve turned a corner, Justin,” Frank said.



Justin looked triumphantly at Brian who looked away.



“You don’t feel so great about this?” Frank asked, looking at Brian.



“I think it’s great.  I don’t want Justin to have any more nightmares, but I don’t think it means all of our problems are over.”



“I didn’t hear Justin say that.”



“You didn’t get the full explanation that I got when I returned from Chicago.”



“Oh?  What else?”



“Look, Frank, I want everything to be fine.  I just want to be realistic too.  I’m not your rose-colored glasses type of guy.”



Frank had to chuckle.  “I doubt if you get accused of being that very often.”



Brian rolled his eyes.



“Where does this leave us?” Frank asked.  “I’d say that this was a very significant event.  Justin’s subconscious has obviously come to terms with some issues.  That allowed him to create a new ending for the dream.  He must be more secure about his feelings and about his relationship with you, Brian, or his subconscious wouldn’t have allowed him to do this.”



Justin looked pleased by this statement.



Brian looked worried.  “So the problem then is me,” he said.



“I would have to say that you are right about that, but maybe problem is too strong a word.  You are still trying to rebuild your trust in Justin.  Right?”



Brian nodded.



“You aren’t there yet.  From what you’ve both told me, your ability to trust anyone in this type of a relationship was zero before you met Justin?  You two spent a long time learning to trust each other, and a short time destroying that trust.  You’re both going to have to continue building trust and demonstrating to each other that you can be trusted.  Brian, you shouldn’t feel wary that Justin seems to have gotten there first.  And Justin, you shouldn’t feel hurt that Brian isn’t there yet.  It will come for both of you if you work at it and really want it.  The dream and the successes you had at the party all point out that you are headed in the right direction.”



Both men looked relieved at Frank’s analysis.  He seemed to have a way of getting at the heart of a sticky matter, and making them both feel better as a result.



They ended the session on that note, and didn’t book another one for a month.  In the Jeep on the way to the loft Justin said, “I’m sorry I tried to make everything more than it was.  I was happy and I wanted you to be too.”



“Justin, I am happy.  I’m glad you’re here with me, and I’m not going to change my mind or my heart about that.”



Justin smiled at his words.



“We just need to be a little careful.  If we get too complacent, things could start to fall apart again,” Brian added.



“We won’t let them,” Justin said with conviction.



“Right,” Brian said, trying to sound just as positive.  He meant it too, if only that nagging little voice could be convinced.

Chapter 10 - Love and Lust by Thyme

 

Love and Lust  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Justin raced up the stairs to the loft.  He unlocked the door and shoved it back.  He hoped Brian would be home from work by now.



“Brian,” he called.



There was no answer.  His breaths were rapid from the run up the stairs.  He looked around the empty loft.  As he turned toward the door, he saw a figure approaching.  He gasped, and for a split second he thought it was Chris Hobbs.  Then the figure stepped through the door, and Justin saw it was Brian.  He flung himself into his arms.



“I almost thought I was reliving my nightmare,” Justin said to Brian, after kissing him.



“What?” Brian pushed him back to look at his face.



“I was hoping you’d be here and I called for you, but there was no answer.  When I turned back to the door, you were coming in, and for a second I thought it was ... him.”



“Fuck!” Brian spat.  “It’s me, so don’t even think about that.”



“I have the best news!” Justin gushed, forgetting all about his scare.



“What?”



“I had a meeting with Jane Granville of the Jane Granville Gallery downtown.  She wants to include me in her ‘Young Artists’ show that starts next week.  She had three other artists all set up for this, but she saw my drawing of Gardner Vance and wants to include me in the show.”



“How did she see your drawing of Vance?” Brian wanted to know.



“I asked her the same thing,” Justin said.  “Apparently her husband is John Mallory, head of PR for Liberty Air.  They were at Vance’s party.”



“Oh?” said Brian.  “I know Mallory and I’ve met his wife, but I didn’t know she had an art gallery.”



“Well, she does, and she wants me to show my work there.  Isn’t that great?”



“That’s terrific!  I don’t remember her at the party though.  Did she speak to you there?”



“No, they contacted me through the IFA.  She tried to find me at the party, after she had had a good look at the drawing, but we had already left.  Remember?” Justin asked with a twinkle in his eye.



“Umm,” Brian said, remembering the night in the hotel room and how they used every piece of furniture.  He smiled and pulled Justin into an embrace.



Justin could feel Brian’s cock growing hard against his groin, as the man kissed him.



“I feel that you do remember,” he said, groping Brian’s crotch.



“You are a bad boy, but you do deserve a reward for getting into this show.”



“What kind of a reward?”  He already knew the answer to that, as Brian had pulled off his t-shirt and was reaching down to his pants.



“The kind I have to show you,” Brian said, backing him up towards the couch.



“Shouldn’t we close the door?” Justin asked, being the one who faced the open loft door.



“Shit!  I’ll do it.  You get naked!” Brian ordered.



He slammed the door and locked it.  When he turned around, a naked Justin was lying on his back on the couch with his knees pulled up and spread apart, so that Brian could see him playing with his hardening cock and could get just a peek at his glory hole.  Brian groaned audibly.



“See something you like?” Justin asked suggestively.



Brian quickly got rid of his own clothes.  He knelt by the couch, pushing Justin’s legs flat and taking his cock into his mouth.  He began a Brian blowjob, as Justin called it.  No one could work his dick like Brian could.  He had the softest lips and mouth, the most talented tongue, and the most creative ways of using both.  Soon Justin was gasping and bucking beneath him.  His orgasm left him breathless, as Brian swallowed everything he had to offer.



“Come to bed,” said Brian.  “We have much more to do.”



“But we haven’t had dinner,” Justin said.



“I just did, but I need something else right now,” Brian said, looking down at his straining cock.



“Can we eat later?” Justin asked.



“After the rest of your reward,” Brian said, dragging him up the steps.  He grabbed Justin and pulled him tight against him.  He toppled them both onto the bed, Justin on his back and Brian on top of him.  He immediately began to grind his groin against Justin’s.  Their cocks, now fully engorged, rubbed deliciously against each other, eliciting groans of pleasure from each of them.  Brian pressed Justin’s hands into the bed, pinning the boy beneath him.  He licked up Justin’s neck and along his jaw to his ear, which he nipped gently and sucked the lobe.  All the while he continued his tantalizing rubbing against Justin’s cock.  He sucked on Justin’s lips, causing them to swell and become more sensitive.  He stuck his tongue as far down Justin’s throat as it would go, and explored every part of his mouth.



Justin moaned and gasped beneath him.



Brian let go of Justin’s hands and slid down his body.  He sucked on each nipple, causing Justin to arch up against him, rubbing more frantically.  Brian tugged gently on Justin’s nipple ring and licked all around it.



Justin’s head lolled from side to side, and his hips bucked rapidly against Brian.  Brian slid up, kissing the boy deeply and rotating his hips over Justin’s cock.



“Oh, fuck, Brian!  I can’t stand it!  Fuck me!”  The boy was barely coherent in his need.



“Ask nicely,” Brian commanded, continuing his hip movements.



“Please.  Please!!” Justin begged.  He could think of nothing but Brian’s cock inside him.  It was beyond necessary.



Brian flipped Justin’s legs onto his shoulders and donned a condom.  He lubed it and Justin’s hole.  One finger entered him, and Justin writhed in pleasure.



“More,” he begged.



Brian worked his hole, hooking his fingers, as he plunged in and out.



“Oh, oh, oh my God!!!” Justin screamed, bucking and writhing, totally out of control.



Brian positioned his cock, and as he drove in, he leaned over Justin, bending him in half.  He locked his lips to Justin’s and pressed cock and lips, driving the boy into the mattress.



Justin felt that the breath had been sucked out of his body and light flashed across his eyes.  Brian pumped frantically, unable to control himself any longer.  They both needed this, this connection, this closeness, this completion.



All too quickly they were coming in explosive bursts that left them spent and weak.  Brian lay on top of Justin, in the cum that Justin had shot between them.  His cock still rested inside Justin.  He managed to raise his head and look at his lover.  The boy’s eyes were closed, his mouth was open and he gasped for air.



Brian moved his hips and pulled out.  He dropped his head down on the pillow next to Justin.  The boy lay still, his breaths slowing little by little.  Brian was still draped on top of him, and Justin’s arms came up to grasp the man and hold him in place.



“God, Brian,” Justin whispered, “I can barely breathe.”



“Unnh,” was all Brian could get out.



“We are going to kill each other one of these times,” Justin stated, running his hands up and down Brian’s back and squeezing his ass.



“What a way to go!” Brian groaned, exhausted.  “Was that reward good enough?” he asked.



“Christ, anything more and I wouldn’t be alive for the show.”



Brian chuckled and Justin let him roll over.  Justin ran his hand over Brian’s chest, feeling his own cum spread there.  He licked a finger, and offered one to Brian who sucked it clean.



“I can never get enough of you in any way, shape or form,” he said, sucking each finger.



Justin, meanwhile, licked Brian’s chest, tasting himself mixed with Brian’s sweat.  “Yum,” he said.



Brian smiled.  “Let’s order some food and take a shower while we wait.”  Justin nodded.



In the shower they fooled around a little more, but finished in time to pay for the Thai food.  They ate in robes on the sofa, peaceful and sated.  They discussed Justin’s show, and what he would have to do to get ready for it.



Jane Granville had looked at samples of Justin’s work.  She had been impressed and had really taken a shine to Justin.  She decided he should include some of his pencil drawings, some of his computer pieces, a couple of paintings, and Rage.



“Rage?” Brian asked.



“Yeah, I showed her some of the Rage drawings as part of my portfolio.  She really liked them.  I’d also like to use some of my drawings of you in the show,” Justin said hopefully.



Brian looked concerned.  “I’m not sure I want to be on public display like that,” he said.



“Quit kidding, Mr. Modest!” Justin joked.



Brian said nothing.  Justin looked at him, expecting a smart retort.  Brian remained silent and he looked serious.



“You really don’t want to be in the show, do you?”



“No,” Brian said flatly.



“Why not?”



“I’m not sure.  It just feels funny to even think about being on display like that.”



“But you and your cock were in the show at the GLC, and I wouldn’t use anything that graphic.  I’ll use one of your portraits.  I have hundreds to choose from.”



Brian had to laugh at that.  “The GLC was different.  Home turf.  Most people who saw it knew me already.  This is strangers, a different clientele, and then there’s Rage.”



“You’re embarrassed!” Justin clued in.



“Not exactly embarrassed, more self-conscious.”



“I can’t believe it.  Justin was amazed at Brian’s modesty.  It wasn’t like him at all.  However, as he thought about it, he realized that Brian really was a very private person in a lot of ways.  This would be exposing himself in a way he had never done before.  It had nothing to do with sex or nakedness or being gay.  It somehow had to do with Brian’s concept of who he was and what was sacred to him.



“If you don’t want to do this, I can use some other material,” Justin conceded.  “It will seriously limit my choices,” he joked, “but I can find enough other stuff.”



Brian looked at him and felt a pang of guilt.  He knew he was being selfish.  So much of Justin’s work was of him and this was a major opportunity for the boy, yet he was willing to not use any of it, if Brian asked him.  “Oh, go ahead and use it,” he gave in.  “And by the way, congratulations!”



Justin was suddenly in his lap, hugging and kissing him.  “Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I love you so much.  I wasn’t kidding when I said it would limit my choices.  You must be in at least half of my pieces.”



“Only half?” he teased.  “I’m hurt.  If that’s all, maybe I won’t let you use them,”



“Brian,” Justin groaned.  “I’ll try to raise the percentage if you’ll let me put some in the show.”



“Just joking, Sunshine.  Go ahead and use them.”  He wished he felt better about letting Justin do this.  There was a nagging worry at the back of his brain.



“Come back to bed,” Justin said.  “I think you deserve a reward too, and I have some creative ideas about how to give it to you.”



“I love it when you get creative,” Brian smiled, taking Justin’s hand.  He tried to push the doubts away, as Justin’s mouth engulfed his cock.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin spent the next few days running between the school and the gallery.  They were framing all the pieces he submitted, and Justin wanted to be sure they were just right.  Frames made a big difference to the overall look.  He had been given a section of the gallery, and had a say in the placement of the pieces.  He usually arrived home around ten o’clock, often exhausted.  He didn’t see much of Brian during this time.  Brian ate alone or at the diner, occasionally with the boys, if it happened to work out that they were there at the same time.



The opening was Friday night, and Brian had promised to go, albeit reluctantly.  When Justin arrived home at 11 pm on Wednesday, he found Brian at the computer.



“Hey,” he said, as he came in and closed the door.



“Hey,” Brian responded.  “You look tired.  Did you eat anything?”



“Yeah, I grabbed a burger.  We’re finished finally.  We hung the last piece tonight.  That’s why I’m late.  I wanted to get it finished.  There’s a guy at the gallery who’s been a big help.  His name is Noel, and he sort of runs the day to day operation.  Jane will be in tomorrow night to check it out before the opening.  Give her stamp of approval, I hope.  I have to be there for a while, until she okays everything.  Hey, why don’t you meet me there, and we could go out after.”  Justin finally stopped and took a breath.



“A tad excited, are we?” Brian observed.



Justin grinned.  “I feel like a real artist.  This is going to be great, and the pictures of you look wonderful framed.”



“Pictures, plural?”  Brian sucked in his lips.



Justin said,” Yes.  You’re not regretting letting me use them, are you?”  He looked worried.



Brian didn’t want to bring him down, so he shook his head.  “It’s fine, but why do you want me to meet you there?  Don’t you want it to be a surprise, when I see it with everybody else?”



“I’d like your opinion.  You know how to sell things, show them off to best advantage.  I’d like your professional view of the exhibit.”


“I’m not an art arranger.  They’re the professionals.”



“I know, and Noel’s been great, but you have a great eye too.”


“Thanks,” said Brian, appreciating Justin’s confidence in him.  “This Noel seems to have been helping you a lot,” he said, changing the subject.



“Noel’s great!  He’s gorgeous too and gay.”



“Where are you going with this?” Brian asked.



“Actually, he hit on me,” Justin said coyly.



“Bastard!  Guess I better be there tomorrow night.”



Justin smiled, glad that Brian was a bit jealous.  “I told him I was in a relationship,” Justin said.



Brian rolled his eyes at that word.  “So he backed off?” he asked.



“Yeah, but he was really interested in my pictures of you.”



“Me, why?”



“Brian, in case you haven’t noticed, every gay man is interested in you.”



Brian rolled his eyes.  “But he hasn’t met me.  Just what do you show about me in these drawings?”



“That you are delectable!” Justin said.



Brian grimaced.



“You can meet Noel tomorrow night, if you come,” Justin offered.



“All right.  I’ll come, but I’m still not sure why I’m doing this.”



“Just come, and don’t worry about it.” Justin said.  “Let’s go to bed.  I’m beat.”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian arrived at the gallery around seven, coming from work.  He walked through the front door, looking for Justin.  A drop-dead gorgeous man about Brian’s age stepped toward him.  Brian felt an involuntary stirring in his groin.  The man was almost as tall as Brian, dark hair and brown eyes.  He had a model’s good looks and a long, lean body.  Brian willed his cock to be still.



Noel extended his hand.  “You must be Brian.  I recognize you from Justin’s drawings,” he said as he shook Brian’s hand.  Brian felt little jolts of electricity pass between them.  “I’m Noel.”  He could see that Noel felt the jolts too.  They wanted each other.  Brian hadn’t felt this kind of attraction in a long time.



Just then he saw Justin approaching.  He dropped Noel’s hand which he had held just a bit too long.  Justin kissed him and made sure he had met Noel.  Brian assured him he had.



“Come see my display,” Justin said, dragging him into the gallery.  Brian could feel Noel’s eyes following him.



Justin’s work looked wonderful.  He had included a panel of four drawings, all of Brian.  “Isn’t that overdoing it a little?” he asked.



“Not at all,” said Noel who had followed them.  “They are some of Justin’s best work.



Brian wasn’t sure whether to be pleased or annoyed by Noel’s comment.  It was none of his business.  Well, it was his business, but he should butt out.



“Jane will be here in a few minutes.  She’s running a bit late,” Noel said.



Justin led Brian through the display.  Brian made one suggestion about the way the Rage panels were shown.  Justin immediately got Noel to help him move the drawings.  They had been arranged in a row like a comic strip.  Brian had suggested they be arranged so that they looked like a comic book page, and told a sort of story.



“That is much better,” Noel admitted.  “You have a good eye, Brian. I’ve never had much to do with comic books before.”



“Neither did I, till Justin,” Brian said.



“And Michael,” Justin added.



“Who’s Michael?” Noel asked.



“Brian’s best friend.  We work on Rage together.  He does the story and I do the artwork.  He’ll be here tomorrow night.”



“He will?” Brian asked.



“Sure, I invited the gang and my mother.”



“I hope she likes this show better than the last one.”



“She will,” Justin averred.



“There’s Jane,” Noel pointed out, as the gallery owner approached.



“Brian,” she said, shaking his hand.  “Nice to see you again.  You have a very talented partner here.”  Justin beamed.  “Noel, are the other artists here?”



“They’re in their areas, doing last minute touches.”



“Good.  Why don’t you take Brian into your office and give him a drink, while I tour the gallery with the artists?” she said.



“Sure,” Noel replied.  “Come with me, Brian.”



Brian squeezed Justin’s hand and followed Noel.  He saw the other three artists join Jane and Justin.  She was instructing them about the show.  Brian wasn’t sure he wanted to be alone with Noel, but he had little choice.  Noel had a well-stocked liquor cabinet in the office, and Brian got a glass of Jim Beam.  Noel had one too.  Brian downed it quickly, hoping it would ease the tension he felt being so close to this man.



“You’re in advertising?” Noel asked, trying to make conversation.



“Yes,” Brian replied.



“Vangard, I hear.”



“Yes,” Brian said, not wanting to get too friendly.



“Another drink?” Noel asked.



Brian nodded.  As Noel took his glass, their hands touched, and Brian felt that little jolt again.  Noel smiled at him.  He filled the glass and leaned over Brian as he gave it back to him.  His face was very close to Brian’s and he looked deep into his eyes.



“I want you,” Noel said.



“But you can’t have me,” Brian said, trying to be strong.



“Are you sure?” Noel asked, moving even closer to Brian’s face.



Brian didn’t say no.  He wanted to, but he knew it wasn’t true.  He closed his eyes as he felt Noel’s lips on his.  He couldn’t help but respond.  He wanted this man, bad! Suddenly he pulled back.



“Don’t,” he said, taking the glass and downing it in one gulp.  “Are they going to be done soon?” Brian asked.



“Want to get away from me?” Noel said, smirking.



Brian knew that smirk.  He had used it many times himself when he knew he had captured his prey.  He didn’t like the feeling of being the prey.  He stood up, intending to go find Justin.  The next thing he knew Noel was kissing him and he was kissing back.  They groped each other, finding hard cocks as their targets.  Their tongues dueled, each trying to dominate.  Brian’s groin rubbed involuntarily against Noel’s.  “Maybe not so involuntarily,” Brian thought, as he pushed Noel away.



“What’s wrong?” Noel asked.  “You want me, and I sure as Hell want you.  What’s the problem?”



“Justin!  I’m in a ... relationship,” Brian said, using the dreaded ‘R’ word



“Oh, are you two exclusive?”



“You know we are.  Justin told me you hit on him.”



“I see.  But I just thought he wasn’t interested in me.  It was really you I wanted from the first time I saw the drawings of you.”



“Very flattering, but it’s not going to happen.”



“Really?  It almost did a minute ago.”



“That was a mistake!”



“That was no mistake!  We want each other,” Noel stated.



“Maybe that’s true, but I said it’s not going to happen.”  He opened the office door and saw the group approaching.  He hoped his hard-on wasn’t too obvious, as he stepped out of the office.



Justin came over to him.  “I’m ready to go,” he said.



“Great,” said Brian, looking at Noel.



“See you tomorrow night,” Noel said.



They quickly said goodbye to Jane, grabbed some take-out on the way home, and Brian fucked Justin’s brains out, trying to erase the image of Noel’s perfect face and the feel of his soft, tender lips.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Friday night Brian arrived at the loft at six.  He and Justin ate a salad, showered and dressed.  Brian wore black leather pants and a black silk sweater that clung to his body.  He looked sexier than Hell.  Justin told him that, and Brian almost went to change.  He didn’t want Noel to think he was tempting him, which if he was truthful, he was, but he knew Justin would question why he was changing his clothes.  He decided to go with the outfit.



Justin wore the gray pants and sweater he had worn to Emile’s.  He looked great, but Brian was breathtaking.  They had to be at the gallery before 7:30 when the show opened.  They barely made it.



Brian felt like a bit of a fifth wheel with Justin being the centre of attention.  Noel was all too close, and Brian almost wished he would just go away.  Noel had no intention of doing that.  The smirk was driving Brian crazy.



When Michael and Ben arrived, he latched onto them for a while.  Michael was thrilled by the Rage drawings, liking the publicity.  Lindsay and Mel provided him with another break from Noel’s attentions.  Lindsay was ecstatic for Justin.  He spent a bit of time with Jennifer and Molly who were very proud of Justin.  Ted and Emmett came for a while, so did Deb and Vic.  They were all more interested in congratulating Justin than spending time with Brian.  Noel hovered in the background, not approaching Brian directly.  Cynthia came late.  Brian had invited her, thinking he might need an ally and a distraction, but she went off on her own to look at the artwork.  By 9:30 most people were leaving.  Brian had to wait for Justin, and Noel never seemed to be far away.



Justin came up to Brian and hugged him.  “I have a buyer for three pieces,” he said.



“That’s great.”



“I have to meet with him in the office to make the final arrangements with Jane.  He might want some more later,” he said proudly.



“A patron!  Congratulations.”



Justin went into the office with Jane and an older man.  Brian looked around the emptying gallery.  He didn’t see Noel.  That was fine with him.  He thought he would use the restroom while he waited for Justin.  He saw the sign and went in.  It was a small room with a toilet and sink.  Before he could turn around and lock the door, he felt it being pushed open.  Noel shoved his way in and locked the door behind him.



“Noel, this isn’t ...” Brian started, but he never got to finish his protest, as Noel’s mouth smothered his in the most erotic kiss.  He couldn’t help but kiss back.  “God, he wanted this man.  Maybe if he just got it over with, then he could forget about it,” he thought.



Noel was unzipping Brian’s pants and his cock, already hard, sprang free.



“See,” Noel said.  “You want me as much as I want you.”



“Yes,” Brian breathed between kisses.



Noel dropped down to his knees and took Brian’s cock into his mouth.  Brian couldn’t stop himself from moaning.  He had been fighting this, but also wanting it, ever since he met Noel.  Noel looked up at him, and Brian saw triumph in his brown eyes.  He almost pushed him away.  His hands were on Noel’s shoulders, but instead of pushing him back, he pulled the man’s body forward, fucking Noel’s face.  The man gave an expert blowjob, and Brian gave in, allowing himself to enjoy it.  In a few minutes he was coming and coming into Noel’s mouth.  Noel smiled up at him, a knowing look that disturbed Brian.



Noel stood up and tried to kiss Brian.  Brian turned his head, and pushed Noel away.  He stuffed his cock back in his pants, but before he could zip his fly, Noel grabbed his hands.  “We’re not done yet,” Noel said.  He had released his own cock which was large and red and ready.



Brian looked down at it, and as he did, Noel turned him around and pushed him against the sink.  Brian resisted.



“I’m not a bottom,” Brian stated.



“We all are at one time or another,” Noel said lustfully.



“No,” said Brian.



“Then do me,” Noel commanded.  “I need you.”



Brian wanted out of there, but he also wanted this gorgeous man who wanted him.  He could feel his cock responding already.  He turned around and reversed positions with Noel.  Noel groped at Brian’s crotch, freeing the growing shaft, and rubbing it deliciously with his hand.  Noel looked in Brian’s eyes, knowing he had won once again.  He smiled as Brian turned him around, and bent him over the sink, pulling his trousers down.  Brian rolled on a condom and took the tube of lube Noel handed him.  He coated his shaft, then stuck first one lubed finger, then two, into Noel’s waiting hole. Noel moaned and turned his head to look at Brian.  Brian almost stopped when he saw the look in Noel’s eyes, but it was too late.  He positioned his cock and rammed in.  He quickly found his rhythm and Noel responded in kind.  They pounded against each other in the mindless and timeless need they both felt.  Noel pulled on his dick as he felt his own orgasm building.  He moaned Brian’s name, as they both came, almost at the same time.  The sink took both their weights, as they leaned on it to regain their equilibrium.  Brian abruptly pulled out and disposed of the condom.  He stuffed his cock back in his pants, while Noel wiped the sink and the wall behind it.



Brian opened the door, and left as quickly as he could, not saying a word to Noel.  He felt dirty, like he needed a shower.  How could he have been so stupid?  He was a selfish bastard, his needs and desires coming ahead of Justin.  “Idiot!” he muttered aloud.  “So fucking stupid!”



“What did you say?” Justin asked, coming up behind him.



He turned and tried to smile.  “Nothing.  Just talking to myself.”



“Isn’t that a sign of senility?” Justin teased.



“Brat!” Brian countered.  “Are you ready to go?”



“Yep.  Transaction made.  I got $2500 for the three pieces.  Of course, Jane gets some of that.  Isn’t that great though?  I’m officially a professional artist.”  He beamed.



“Sure,” Brian said, thinking the guy got them cheap.  “Let’s go.”



“Leaving already?” Noel asked, and Brian tensed.



“Yeah.  We’re going to take off,” Justin said.  “Thanks for everything, Noel.”



Brian cringed at Justin’s statement.



“My pleasure,” Noel said.



Brian glanced at him, witnessing that smirk he knew so well.  He grabbed Justin’s arm and ushered him towards the door.  He wanted out of there.



Justin babbled all the way home, about the show, the people who came, Noel, Jane, the man who bought his work.  Brian heard little about any of it.  His thoughts were on Noel and the huge mistake he had made.



“Why can’t I think with my brain instead of my dick?” he admonished himself.  “Fuck!” he said aloud.



“What?’ said Justin, having been interrupted.



“I want to fuck the successful artist,” Brian covered.



“Of course you do!”  Justin’s sunshine smile lit up the Jeep.



They spent most of the night fucking.  Justin was very happy and Brian was very guilty.  What had happened to ‘no apologies, no regrets’?  Justin had happened, that’s what!



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



All weekend Brian debated telling Justin what happened with Noel.  He didn’t do it though, because Justin was so happy.  He didn’t want to destroy the show for him.  He didn’t want to destroy their life together, and he was afraid that might be what his revelation would do.  He kept quiet and tried to put it out of his mind.



Lindsay and Mel had invited them Sunday for brunch to celebrate the success of Justin’s show.  They arrived late to find the whole gang there, plus Noel.



Brian felt physically ill when he saw the man.



“Dada, dada,” Gus shouted, drawing Brian’s attention away from Noel.  He picked up the baby.  



“What the Hell is he doing here?” Brian whispered to Lindsay and nodded toward Noel.



“We met him at the gallery,” Lindsay replied.  “He seemed very nice, and he helped Justin a lot, so I invited him.”



“Shit!” Brian said.



“What?  What’s wrong?”  Lindsay wanted to know, taking Gus from him.



“Forget it!” Brian snarled, and went to get a drink.



Justin was the centre of attention, everyone congratulating him.  Brian went out the back door for a smoke, and to get away from Noel’s eyes which seemed to be constantly on him.  As he lit up, he heard the door open again.  He knew it was Noel.



“You have a beautiful son, Brian,” Noel said.



Brian decided to end this now.  “I don’t know what the fuck you’re playing at, Noel, but I want you out of here.  Now!”



“Easy, Brian.  I just wanted to see you again.  I still want to fuck you,” he said boldly.



“Shut the fuck up, and leave!” Brian said severely.



“No way!  We have unfinished business.”



Brian glared at him.  He turned, stamped out his cigarette, and headed back inside.  He grabbed Gus and swung him around, finding comfort in having Gus’ little hands clinging to him.  Looking at Gus helped him to block out Noel’s eyes which never left him.



As soon as he could, he caught Justin’s attention, and indicated he wanted to leave.



“I need to go to the IFA,” Justin said.  “I got a little behind getting ready for the show.  Can you drop me off there?”



“Can’t we both go home?  I’ll take you there later.”



“I should really go now.  I have a lot to do.”



“We could drop you there,” Michael said, overhearing their discussion.  “Ben’s apartment isn’t far from there.  We were just leaving.”



“Great,” Justin said, and before Brian could protest, he was gone.



Brian left as quickly as he could.  He drove to the loft and slammed the door behind him.  “Fuck, fuck, fuck!!” he cursed aloud, pacing.  “What am I going to do?”



Just then there was a knock on his door.



“Who the fuck is that, and how did they get in?” Brian mumbled to himself.



He flung the door back ready to ream out whoever was there.  His jaw dropped as he saw Noel standing there.



“How the fuck did you get here?” Brian demanded.



“I followed you, and caught the front door before it closed,” he said nonchalantly.  “May I come in?”  He pushed past Brian.



“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?  We’re going to settle this once and for all.  Right now!” Brian yelled at him.



“Settle what?  I just want to fuck you.”



“I don’t care what you want.  I want you to leave me alone, and stop insinuating yourself into my life.”



“Let me fuck you, and I might leave you alone.”



“Are you crazy?” Brian yelled.



“Don’t ever say that to me!”  Noel’s face got hard and cold and not attractive at all.



“You’re not fucking me, now or ever.  Get out!”



“Not so fast.  Want me to tell little Justin what we did at the gallery?”



“A blackmail fuck?  Nice one, Noel.  You really are desperate.”



“I’m not desperate.  I just want you, and I’m going to get you!” he said passionately.



“Fuck you!” Brian yelled.



“That’s what I want to do.  Yelling at me won’t make me change my mind, you know,” Noel said calmly.



“Leave!  Leave me alone.”



“I can’t.  I want you,” Noel said simply.



“Well I don’t want you!”



“Yes, you do.  You proved that the other night in the restroom.”



“That should never have happened.”



“But it did, and I want more.”



“You’re not getting anything, other than out of here.”



“Yes I am.  I always get what I want.”  He looked at Brian with absolute surety in his eyes.



Brian’s usual resolve wavered a little under his smug gaze.  “How am I going to get rid of this bastard without hurting Justin?” he asked himself. “If I let you fuck me, will that be the end of it?” Brian asked aloud.



“Sure,” Noel said.



Brian heard the ‘sure’ he always said to tricks who wanted to get together again.  His brain screamed, “Don’t trust him!”, but his heart said, “Do what it takes to get rid of him.  Don’t hurt Justin!”



“Do you mean that?” Brian asked, wanting a stronger assurance.



“Yes I do,” Noel said.



“Can I trust you?” Brian asked.  Noel nodded.  “All right then.  Let’s get this over with.”



Noel put his arms around Brian and kissed him.  Brian did his best not to respond, but he still felt a stirring, when this man kissed him.  “I want some participation in this,” Noel declared, “or all bets are off.”



“Okay,” Brian gave in.



He kissed Noel back, and almost began to enjoy it.



“That’s better,” Noel whispered, and he started to take off Brian’s clothes.  Brian allowed this to happen, not resisting, but not assisting either.  When he had Brian naked, he removed his own clothes, and once again embraced the man.  He rubbed his cock against Brian’s and felt it begin to respond.  He continued the rubbing and kissing.  Brian’s cock was hard, and so was Noel’s.



Noel looked at Brian, at his cock, and smiled.  “See, you want me too.”



Brian glowered at him.  Noel turned him around and pushed him over the back of the couch.  He felt Noel spread the cheeks of his ass, and blow on his pucker.  He felt it spasm in response.  Noel spit on the hole and began licking and biting across and around it.  Suddenly he felt Noel’s tongue enter him, and he gasped.  It did feel good, despite everything.  Noel continued to rim him, and Brian felt himself buck back, wanting Noel’s tongue to go deeper.



Noel inserted a couple of fingers and finger-fucked him.  He knew he was ready, even if he didn’t want to be.  He felt Noel position his cock, but he didn’t hear him open a condom.



“Are you wearing a condom?” Brian asked.



“Sure,” Noel said.



Brian stood up and looked around.  Noel had no condom on his dick.  It bounced naked in front of him.



“You fucking liar!!” Brian yelled.  “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?  I never bareback!”



“I’m negative,” Noel stated.



“I don’t give a shit if you’re radioactive!  Get your clothes on and get out of here!  Now!!!”



“We had a bargain,” Noel said, not ready to give up.



“It didn’t include that!” Brian said.  “Get out!”



Noel seemed to sense that he had lost his opportunity.  He started to get dressed.  “This isn’t over, Brian.  I still want you.  I’ll use a condom, if that’s what it takes.”



“Shut your lying mouth, and fuck off!” Brian seethed.  He stood naked and angry in front of Noel.



Noel realized he wasn’t going to get anywhere today, and left.



“Thank God!” Brian thought.  “I nearly made a colossal mistake.”



He threw his jeans on and dialed Justin’s cell phone number.  “I really need to talk to you, Justin.  I’m coming to get you.”



“I’m not done,” Justin said.



“Yes, you are.  I’m coming.  I have to talk to you.  Please, Justin.”



Brian sounded strange.  He rarely said please under any circumstances.



“Okay, come and get me.  I’ll be out front.”



“Be there soon, and ... thanks.”



Then he knew something was really wrong.  Brian never said thanks for something so simple.  He quickly cleaned up, leaving the project that had been going so well.  As he stepped out of the building, Brian screeched to a halt in front of him.  He must have been speeding all the way there.  Justin was getting worried.  What was going on?



He got in the Jeep and Brian sped off.  He said nothing.  Justin wondered where they were headed, because it obviously wasn’t to the loft.  He wanted to ask, but Brian didn’t seem to be ready to talk, despite the urgency of his call.



They drove along the river and Brian pulled onto the shoulder.  He got out and headed for the bench where they had begun their road back to each other.  Justin knew the significance of this spot.  Why were they there?  Fear suddenly welled up in Justin.  “Is he going to tell me it’s over?” he wondered, dying inside.



Brian motioned for Justin to sit, and he did.  Brian paced back and forth in front of him, saying nothing.



“God, Brian, I can’t stand it.  What’s going on?” Justin pleaded.



“I have something to tell you,” Brian began, and then stopped.



“Is it bad?” Justin asked, feeling sick.



“Yes.”



“Are you through with me?” Justin asked, tears welling up.



“Shit, no!  I love you, even though I still don’t say it enough.”



Justin breathed a sigh of relief.  “Then what is it?”



Brian sat down beside him and put his arm around Justin’s neck.  He leaned his head against Justin’s forehead, and said, “I’m sorry.  I don’t know how to say this.”



“Just say it!  You’re scaring me.  Please, Brian!”



“Okay, here goes.  You remember Noel from the gallery?”  Justin nodded, wondering what Noel had to do with anything.  “You were right when you said he was interested in me.”



“What does that mean?”



“I let him blow me at the gallery.”



“At the gallery?  When?”



“When you were dealing with the guy who bought your work.  He followed me into the restroom, and he blew me.”



“Shit, Brian.  How could you?”



“I don’t know.”  Brian shook his head, looking forlorn.  “He is gorgeous, and he wanted me, and I wanted him.”



“Like a trick?” Justin asked hopefully.



“Kind of,” Brian said.



“Kind of?”



“I thought that would be the end of it, but then he wanted to fuck me in the restroom.”



“And did he?” Justin asked, not wanting to hear the answer.



“No, I wouldn’t let him.”



“Thank, God.”  Justin looked relieved.



“That’s not all of it.  When I wouldn’t let him fuck me, he wanted me to fuck him.  I did.”



Justin shook his head, looking hurt.



“He’s the first one since we’ve been back together,” Brian added, hoping that might make a difference.



“Really?” Justin asked, surprised.



“Really.  I swear.”



“I believe you, but why are you telling me about Noel.  I told you tricks didn’t matter, and I would never have known.”



“I’m not done yet.  Noel turned up at Lindsay’s, and he followed me outside.  He told me I owed him a fuck.  He wouldn’t back off.  That’s when I tried to get you to leave with me, to go home.”



“But I went with Ben and Michael to the IFA.”



“Yeah, and Noel tracked me home.”



“He did what?”



“You heard me.  He followed me, and caught the front door before it locked.  The next thing I knew he was at my door, just after I got there.”



“What happened?” Justin asked, afraid once again.



“I told him to fuck off and not come back, but he wouldn’t leave.  He tried to kiss me and rub my cock.  I admit I was tempted for a fraction of a second.”



“So nothing happened?” Justin prayed.



“Not exactly.  I told him to get out, but again he refused to leave.  He said he wanted to fuck me, and he was going to, sooner or later.  I kept telling him to leave, that nothing was going to happen between us.  Suddenly he told me I better not be so quick to dismiss him.  He said he always got what he wanted.  He threatened to tell you, and I didn’t want to hurt you.”



“You let him fuck you,” Justin whispered.



“No, but almost.”



“What?”



“We made a bargain.  If I let him fuck me, he would get out of my life.  I finally agreed.”



“So, he did fuck you?”



“No, I said.  He started to rim me, and I admit he was pretty good at it.  I was ready to let him go ahead.”



Brian saw a tear fall from Justin’s face.  He had to finish this before his resolve crumbled.



“He had his dick against my hole, but I didn’t hear him open a condom.  I know that sound so well,” Brian laughed to keep himself from crying.  “I turned around, and that fucker was going to bareback me.  I had even asked him if he had a condom on, and the bastard lied to me.”


“What happened?  You didn’t let him?” Justin looked scared and horrified and hurt and betrayed.  Brian saw all those emotions cross his face.



“I’m sorry,” Brian said.  “I didn’t want to hurt you.”  Brian brushed a tear from Justin’s cheek.



“What happened?  Brian, tell me.”



“When I saw what he was doing, I blew.  I told him to get the fuck out, and he finally did.”



“So he didn’t fuck you?”



“No, and he never will!” Brian vowed.



“Then why are you telling me this?  I would never have known.”



“I don’t think he’s through with me yet.  If he comes back, I don’t want him thinking he can blackmail me into something by threatening to tell you.  I hope I haven’t destroyed your trust and ruined everything,” Brian said, studying Justin’s face.



“You would have ruined everything if you had let him fuck you.  I’m glad you stopped him.”



“Can you forgive me?  I’m really sorry.”



“I knew you would be tempted sometimes, but who knew Noel was such a bastard.”



“You didn’t answer me.  Am I forgiven?”



“I can see how upset you are about this.  Are you all right?”



“You never cease to amaze me.  I expected you to be furious or devastated, not worried about me.”



“I am upset, but you stopped him in time.  If we work together, he can’t hurt us.  I know now, so he has no hold over you.  Unless you still want him?” Justin asked, concern on his face.



“Absolutely not!  I did want him, but now I never want to see him again.”



“Good!  Then it’s over.  Let’s go home.”



“You mean it.  You’re all right about this?”



“Not all right, but I understand, and I still love you.  I’m so glad you decided to tell me the truth.”



“So am I,” Brian confessed.



“Let’s try to do that.  No secrets, no lies.  Only truth.”



“I’ll try.”



“Me too.”



Brian pulled Justin to him, and kissed him deeply.  “Let’s go home.  I want to show you how much I love you.”



“I can hardly wait,” Justin said, as Brian took his hand, and they started up the bank to the Jeep.



“Sunshine,” Brian said, stopping.



“What?”



“My only sunshine!  I am so lucky,” Brian said, looking into Justin’s eyes.



Justin saw tears swimming in Brian’s eyes.



“You bet you’re lucky.  I could have chopped off your nuts after a confession like that.”  Justin giggled, breaking the tension between them.



“Twat!” Brian said, and they continued to the Jeep, an arm wrapped around each other’s waist.

Chapter 11 - Faith by Thyme

 

Faith  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Brian and Justin made an appointment with Dr. Jamison following the incident with Noel.  Brian felt guilty and somehow dirty.  Even though Justin had more or less forgiven him, he hadn’t forgiven himself.  He still felt that things were out of his control, and he didn’t like that feeling.  Worse than that, he felt used, and nobody used Brian Kinney, at least not without his permission.  He also had a nagging worry that the Noel fiasco wasn’t completely over.  Noel had said as much, and Brian didn’t doubt for a minute that he meant it.



Justin also wanted to talk to Frank.  He thought that he and Brian had been doing so well, until this happened.  This incident had shaken his confidence in their growing bond of trust.  He hoped Frank would be able to shed some light on why Brian did what he did, or perhaps on how to prevent this from happening again.  He knew Brian was genuinely sorry, but somehow that wasn’t enough.



They met with Frank at their usual 4 pm time.  Both men were rather tense as they entered the office.  Frank could tell immediately that something serious had happened.  He asked them what was wrong, and was surprised when Brian was the one to answer.



“I’ve made a huge mistake.  I met a man, Noel, who wanted me and I wanted him.  I let him blow me and then I fucked him.  I don’t know how I could have been so stupid.”



Frank looked at Brian, and waited.  Brian always reduced everything to its minimal core, but he was pretty sure there must be more to this story.



Brian said nothing, just sat, silent and edgy.



Frank looked at Justin who sighed and said, “Noel works for a gallery where I had a show.  He hit on me and I blew him off.  When he saw my drawings of Brian, he was very interested.  He caught Brian alone a couple of times, and made advances.  They were attracted to each other, and you heard what happened.”



Justin paused.  Frank looked at him and had to ask, “You turned him down, but Brian didn’t?”  Justin nodded.  “How do you feel about that, Justin?”



“You haven’t heard all of it yet, Frank,” Justin said, looking at Brian.  “Noel still came after Brian.  He showed up at the strangest times, and he followed Brian home when he knew I wouldn’t be there.  He tried to force himself on Brian.”



Frank looked at Brian who visibly squirmed in his chair.



“I’m sure Brian is a big boy who can look after himself.  You must have had other persistent suitors, Brian?” Frank asked.



Brian nodded, but said nothing.



Justin looked at him, getting permission to continue.  “Noel tried to blackmail Brian, by threatening to tell me that they had been together.”



“So, at that point, you knew nothing of this?”



“Right,” Justin said.  “Noel wanted to fuck Brian.  He used every method to convince Brian to let him, but finally Brian turned him away.”



“Why, Brian?” Frank asked.



“I almost didn’t,” Brian admitted in a small voice.



“He tried to bareback Brian.  That was the final straw,” Justin added.



“Bareback?” Frank asked, not knowing the term.



“No condom,” Brian said with disgust.



“And you stopped him?” Frank said.  Brian nodded.  “Why then and not before?”



“Nobody barebacks me, not even Justin,” Brian said emphatically.



“That’s good, but why not stop it sooner?”



“I wanted him.  Even when I tried to refuse him, and I did try, a small part of me wanted him enough to give in,” Brian said, looking hurt and guilty.



“What was the attraction?  Is he that irresistible?”



“He’s very good looking,” Justin said.  “I was tempted too, but I don’t think I’m really his type.”



“You should be, because he’s a lot like me,” Brian said.



“Like you?” Frank asked, interested in Brian’s comment.



“Yeah.  He had my predatory smirk, my supreme confidence that this man is his, and he was right, just like I always am.”



“That’s interesting, Brian.  You saw a lot of yourself in this man?”



“Yes, but gradually I saw a lot of things I didn’t like.  I grew to detest that smirk and I hated being the prey.”



“Do you think some of the men you’ve gone after felt that way about you?” asked Frank.



“I doubt it.  I only do tricks once, and they all wanted it.  I never forced myself on someone who didn’t want me.”



“So maybe you’re not so much like Noel,” Frank observed.  Brian looked thoughtful.  “He forced himself on you?”



“I’m not saying I’m blameless in this, Doc.  I admit I wanted him the first time, but after that I really wanted out.  Now he disgusts me.”



“When did you tell Justin about this?’



“After he threatened to tell.  After the bareback incident.”



“Did you consider telling Justin before that point?”



“Yes, I did.  I knew it was a mistake after the first time, but I didn’t want to upset Justin.  He was so happy about the show, and that would have ruined it for him.”



“You wanted to tell me?” Justin asked, surprised.



“Yes,” said Brian.  “I knew it had to impact our trust level.  I wanted to be honest.”



“Do you think things would have been different if you had told Justin at that point?”



Brian thought for a moment, and then said, “It would have been, because he wouldn’t have been able to threaten me with telling Justin, and I would have thrown him out right away.”



“You mean that?” Justin asked.



“Yes,” Brian said, “I would have, even if I still had wanted him.”



Justin smiled at Brian.  This made him feel better.



“So Noel no longer has anything to hold over you?” Frank asked.



“That’s right,” Brian said.



“How did you react to Brian’s confession, Justin?’



Justin looked worried.  “I was frightened at first.  I thought Brian was going to tell me we were through.”



Brian grabbed his hand.  “You know that’s not true.  I only want you, not Noel.”



“I know, Brian,” Justin said, looking him in the eye, and trying to convey strength and confidence to him.  Turning back to Frank, Justin said, “I was hurt and confused by what Brian told me, then I was angry when I heard about Noel’s attempt at blackmail.  I was also relieved that Brian didn’t let him get away with it.”



“Have you forgiven Brian?” Frank asked.



Brian looked hopefully at Justin.  “Honestly I can’t say that I have.  It’s still a bit too close and too raw.  I’m sure I will after I have a chance to think it all through.”



Brian’s gaze returned to the floor.



“Is there something else bothering you, Brian?” asked Frank.



“I’m mainly concerned with the effect this is having on Justin,” he said, looking tenderly at the boy.  Justin did his best to smile back at him.



“It’ll be all right.  We’ll get through this,” Justin swore.



Brian looked relieved.  “I’m also worried that Noel isn’t through with this yet.  He told me as much.”



“What do you think he can do?” Frank asked.



“He can keep on pursuing me.”



“Will that get him anywhere?”



“No.”



“Then why are you worried?”



“I think he’ll take it farther.  If he’s already tried blackmail, I think he’ll resort to just about anything.”



“He won’t cut his losses and leave it at that?” Frank asked.



“I wish,” said Brian.



“I don’t see what else he can do.  He knows you don’t want him,” Justin observed.



Brian looked skeptical.  He still thought Noel might try something.



“Although I don’t like the sound of this man, I have to agree with Justin that it seems unlikely that he will take this any farther,” Frank stated.



Brian shrugged, but remained unconvinced.



Justin felt he had to say something.  “I want Brian to know how much I appreciate the fact that he trusted me enough to come to me with the truth about Noel.  I would have been devastated if I had heard it from Noel.  Who knows what kind of a spin he would have put on it.  Now he can’t use it against us.”



Frank said, “You’re absolutely right, Justin.  Brian did the only sensible thing he could do.  You have good instincts, Brian.”



Brian still looked skeptical, but he said, “Thanks, I don’t often do the right thing.  I usually screw up.”



“That’s not how I see it,” Frank refuted.  “You have your own way of doing things, but I don’t see you as a screw-up.”



“I appreciate the vote of confidence, Doc, but it really doesn’t help the situation.”



“True,” said Frank, “but there’s nothing any of us can do about it.  You’ll just have to wait and see what Noel does.”



“Yeah, and watch and be careful,” Brian added.



They all nodded at that.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



For the next few days everything seemed to be normal.  They neither saw nor heard from Noel.  Life went on.



Brian was very busy at work.  Vangard was trying to cement a new account with an up and coming ski company situated in Denver.  They had held preliminary meetings in Pittsburgh with the young and dynamic president of the company.  He had been impressed with some of Vangard’s work, especially the Brown Athletics ads, and wanted Brian to help them develop a corporate image and a new sales campaign.  Brian was going to have to go to Denver for a few days to get the feel of the company.



He was no longer worried about leaving Justin alone when he went on a business trip, but he still wondered what Noel might be up to.  “No news is good news,” he thought.  He hoped there would continue to be no news of Noel.



Brian was to leave Monday morning and would return Friday afternoon.  Cynthia had booked him into the best hotel in Denver, and he would spend most days at the corporate headquarters of the ski company, getting a feel for the company and their product.



Justin dropped him off at the airport Monday morning.  They kissed in the car, no longer worrying about nightmares, but still sorry to be apart.  Brian promised to call at 10 pm.



Justin had a lot of work to do.  He was still catching up from the time the art show had taken away from his schoolwork.  He thought he would be able to get through the week without Brian by burying himself in his art.  He headed to the IFA to get a start on it right away.  Justin parked the Jeep and headed for the studio building.  Standing on the front steps was someone Justin didn’t want to see.  It was Noel.



As Justin climbed the steps, trying to pretend he didn’t see Noel, the man stepped in front of him.



“Hello, Justin,” he said nonchalantly.



“What are you doing here?” Justin asked, uneasy being so close to this man.



“I wanted to see you.”



“Why?”



“I have something to tell you.” he said, smiling.



“And what might that be?” Justin asked, pretty sure he knew the answer.



“It’s about Brian.”



“What about Brian?”



“I don’t want to upset you, but I think you should know that we’ve been together,” Noel smirked.



Justin was prepared for that statement, thanks to Brian’s revelations.  “In the Biblical sense, I presume,” he said, trying to keep his composure and beat Noel at his own game.



“Of course, although the Bible does frown on what we did.”  Noel looked very self-satisfied with that comment.  He seemed to be enjoying himself.



“What’s your point?  Why are you telling me this?” Justin asked, irritated.



“I want Brian, and Brian wants me.  You’re in the way.  I want you to butt out of his life.”



“Are you crazy?” Justin yelled at him, unable to stand the unmitigated gall of the man a moment longer.



“Don’t say that to me!” Noel snapped, his face taking on a very unpleasant look.  “I’m just warning you,” he said, trying to regain his calm appearance.  “Brian and I are going to be together, so you better prepare yourself.”



“You are nuts!  Brian told me everything, and he never wants to see you again.”



Noel looked startled for a second, then his smirk returned and he said, “So he told you about us.”



“That’s right, and there is no ‘us’, so quit trying to rattle me,” Justin stated.



“Is that so?  Then why did he call me and tell me that he’d miss me while he’s in Denver?”



“How do you know he’s in Denver?” Justin asked, confused.



Noel smiled.  “I told you. He called me yesterday.”



Justin tried to search through the day to figure out when Brian could have called Noel.  They had been together most of the day, but it wouldn’t take long to make a phone call.  “No!” he said.  “You’re lying.  He never called you.”



“Then how do I know where he’s going, and that you would be here after you dropped him at the airport?”  Noel looked smug.



Justin was flustered.  He had no answer to this question.  Could Brian have lied to him?  Did Brian tell Noel where he was going?  Did Brian want Noel, and not him?



Noel could see the concern on Justin’s face.  He knew he had scored a point against the boy.  Now it was time to really push the kid’s buttons.  “He told you he’d be back on Friday, didn’t he?”



Justin gaped at him.  How did he know that unless Brian had told him?



Noel smirked.  “Well, he’s actually coming back on Thursday.  We’re going to spend the night together.  He may or may not come back to you on Friday.  Did he tell you we’ve been barebacking?”



“Liar!” Justin yelled, and he pushed past Noel and ran into the building.  Once he was through the door, he leaned against the wall in the foyer, gasping for breath.  He tried to calm down, but all he wanted to do was scream.  Noel had to be lying.  He had to be!  Brian would never bareback.  But how did Noel know Brian’s schedule, unless Brian had told him?



Noel stuck his head through the door, and noted Justin’s distress.  Justin stood up straight, using all of his will power to do so.  He didn’t want to show weakness to this man.



“Get out of here!” Justin yelled.  “Leave me alone!”



“I just thought I’d tell you that Brian’s at the Excelsior Hotel in Denver, if you want to call and confirm what I’ve told you.  Brian may not want to admit it all, but you’ll know I’m telling the truth by his reaction.”  Noel couldn’t help but smile at Justin’s obvious agony.  He felt he had done enough for now, and turned and left the building.



Justin slid down the wall, his legs no longer able to support him.  He wanted to cry, but he didn’t want everyone to see him.  He felt like someone had punched him in the gut, knocking the stuffing out of him.  Slowly he pushed himself up and staggered to his cubicle.  He shut the door and slumped to the floor.  Then the tears came, silently, because he didn’t want anyone to know.  He curled into a ball on the floor and wept until he had no more tears.  His eyes hurt, his throat hurt, but most of all his heart hurt.



After a long while he managed to sit up.  He grabbed his backpack and pulled out a bottle of water.  He downed the whole thing, feeling dehydrated from all the tears.  He had to think.  Could Brian have lied about Noel and him?  He had always said how attracted to the man he was.  Maybe he wasn’t through with Noel at all.  Maybe they were together, talking, fucking, plotting against Justin, laughing at him.



Justin closed his eyes, trying to block out the image of Brian and Noel together that his mind had conjured up. What was he going to do?  Should he call Brian and have it out with him?  Noel said he would be at the Excelsior Hotel.  Justin didn’t even know the name of Brian’s hotel.  But Noel knew the hotel, or did he?  Maybe he was bluffing, trying to cause trouble.  Justin decided to wait.  He’d find out a few things from Brian before he did anything.  With this as his plan he decided to get to work.  He wasn’t sure he’d accomplish very much, but he had to try.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian didn’t call at ten.  He was usually so prompt.  Justin’s anxiety increased the longer he had to wait.  At 10:40 the phone rang.  Justin just about jumped out of his skin.  He took a deep breath and picked up.



“Hello,” he said tentatively.



“Hey,” said Brian.  “I’m sorry I’m late, but we were at dinner and lost track of time.”



“Oh,” said Justin.  “It must have been a long dinner.”



“Not really.  It’s only 8:40 here.  Remember the time difference,” Brian explained.



“Oh, yeah,” Justin said, realizing it wasn’t so late there.



“You sound funny.  Is something wrong?”



“I’m a little tired.  Long day,” Justin said.



“Want to play a little?” Brian asked suggestively.



“I’m not really feeling up to it.”



“I thought you were always up, if you know what I mean?”



“Not tonight.  I think I’ll just go to sleep, if you don’t mind.”



“Are you not feeling well?” Brian asked, concerned.



“I’m fine, just tired.  Brian, what hotel are you at?”



“The Excelsior, why?”



Justin felt like he was going to throw up.  “No reason,” Justin managed to get out.  “I better go.”



“Really?" Brian asked, bewildered.  “I’ll call you tomorrow at ten.  I’ll try to be more punctual.  Maybe you’ll be more inclined to talk to me,” Brian tried to joke.  He wondered what was going on with Justin.



“Good night,” Justin said, and hung up.



Brian looked at his phone, and shut it off.  “What the fuck was that?” he said out loud.  He had never had a conversation like that with Justin before.  He had been like a stranger.  Maybe he was sick.  He wondered if he should call Justin back.  He started to, then shut off his phone.  Justin had said he was tired.  He’d let him sleep, and maybe things would be better tomorrow night.



Justin curled up on the bed.  He was miserable.  At least part of what Noel had told him was true.  How did Noel know these things if Brian hadn’t told him?  Justin felt like crying, but he had no more tears.  He turned away from Brian’s pillow, and pulled the duvet over his head.  His world was collapsing around him.



Brian was horny as Hell.  He had wanted to have phone sex with Justin, but that wasn’t going to happen.  He debated going out and finding a club where he could pick up a trick.  He finally decided that wouldn’t be a good idea.  He headed into the bathroom, removing clothes as he went.  A shower with a little hand action would have to do.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Somehow Justin got through the next day.  His brain allowed him no peace.  It kept asking him what he was going to do, and providing him with unwanted images of Brian and Noel together.  He thought his head was going to explode.



He took his shift at the diner after school.  It was very busy and that helped him keep his mind away from thoughts of Brian and betrayal.  Debbie asked him once if anything was wrong.  She had found him leaning against the counter staring off into space.  He merely said he wasn’t feeling all that great.



“Missing Brian?” she asked knowingly.



Justin looked at her, not knowing how to answer that.



“It’s okay to miss him, Sunshine,” she said gently.



Justin felt tears start to well up.  He tried to blink them back.  “I have an order to get out,” he said, brushing past her and picking up the plates.



Debbie looked after him.  She knew something was wrong, and she would find out later, when the diner was less busy.



Justin was glad Debbie didn’t pursue what was wrong with him.  He couldn’t talk about this with anyone.  By nine o’clock the diner had pretty well cleared out, and his shift would be over in half an hour.  He would go to the loft and wait for Brian’s call, and his lies.



Debbie slid into a booth with a cup of coffee.  “Come join me,” she said to Justin.  He wanted to leave, but he knew Debbie would never let him.  He grabbed a Coke and sat down across from her.



“So what’s going on?” she asked, not beating around the bush.



“Nothing, why?”



“You’re not yourself, Sunshine.  Something’s bothering you.”



“Just tired,” he said, hoping she’d leave it at that.



“Un hunh,” she said.  “What has Brian done now?”



“What do you mean?” Justin countered, not wanting to answer her question.



“Don’t try to bullshit me, Sunshine.  I know it’s something about Brian.  It’s always about Brian.  Very little else gives you that look.”



Justin looked down at his Coke.  He didn’t want to tell Debbie, to tell anyone, but he felt he would explode if he kept it all inside.



“I don’t think I can talk about it,” Justin gave in, wanting to cry.



“You can tell me anything.  It stays between us,” she promised, taking his hand and stroking it gently.



The tears started rolling silently down his face.



“He was with someone,” he began.  “I think he’s lying to me and fucking this guy.  I guess he doesn’t love me anymore.”



“I find that very hard to believe!” Debbie said.



“So did I at first.  He even told me about the guy.”



“What?  He told you?  Who is this fucking asshole?” Debbie demanded.



“You remember my show at the Granville Gallery.  The guy who works there, Noel.  He’s the one.”



“The great looking guy?  I remember him?”



“Yeah.  Brian thought he was great looking too.”



“Sunshine, Brian loves you.  You must be wrong.”



“Brian told me he fucked Noel,” Justin said flatly.



“Then he’s just a trick,” Debbie said, trying to be positive.



“There’s more to it,” Justin said, fisting the tears away.



“Tell me,” she ordered.



Justin sighed.  “After they were together, Noel came after Brian.  Remember, he was at Mel and Lindsay’s.”



“Yeah, I thought that was strange,” Debbie mused.



“He followed Brian home after the brunch.  I went to the IFA with Ben and Michael.  He tracked Brian to the loft and tried to fuck him.”



“That asshole!” Debbie snarled.  “Brian didn’t let him, did he?”



“He told me he didn’t.  He said Noel threatened to tell me they’d been together if Brian didn’t cooperate.  I believed Brian.  He said he wanted nothing more to do with Noel.”



“So what’s the problem?”



“Noel met me at the IFA yesterday morning, after I dropped Brian off at the airport.  He told me he and Brian were going to be together, and I better get used to the idea.  He knew Brian’s schedule and where he is staying in Denver.  He told me he and Brian were talking every day.  That’s how he knew these things.  He also said Brian was coming back earlier than he had told me, so that they could spend the night together.” Justin choked back a sob.



“Oh, Sunshine!  Are you sure that’s the truth?”



“I’m not sure, but he said Brian had told him all the other stuff, and that’s all true.  How else would he know, unless Brian is telling him?”



“I can’t believe Brian is sneaking around.  One thing about Brian Kinney, he’s in your face.  He doesn’t lie.”



“I know, but this is different.  He admitted to me how much he wanted Noel.  Maybe he can’t control the desire.  I don’t know what to do,” Justin admitted.



“Ask him!” Debbie stated.



“What if he lies to me?  I can’t stand it.  Or what if he tells me we’re through?” Justin looked scared to death.



“I know it’s fucking hard, but it’s better to know one way or the other.  Then you can deal with it.”



“I don’t know.  I’m scared,” Justin confessed.



“You go home now, Sunshine, and talk to Brian.”



“I’ll try,” he said, slipping out of the booth.



It was almost ten, and Justin wasn’t ready to talk to Brian.  He had to think.  He decided to walk to the loft.  He knew Brian would call there first.  He took out his cell phone and switched it off.  He’d deal with Brian later. Right now he had to think.



Brian had called the loft promptly at ten.  There was no answer, so he left a message that he hoped Justin would find funny.  He tried Justin’s cell and found it was shut off.  He wondered what was going on.  Justin had never missed one of his calls before.  He missed the phone sex, but more, he missed talking to the boy.



Justin had walked around, sat in a park and tried to sort out his thoughts.  It was a little after midnight when he arrived at the loft.  He noted the blinking light indicating a message.  He knew it would be from Brian.  He took a breath, and pushed the play button.



Brian’s voice came on.  “Hey, Sunshine.  Where are you?  I know I was late calling last night.  Are you turning the tables on me, or don’t you love me anymore?”  Justin winced.  Maybe that’s what Brian wished.  “I’m sorry I missed you.  I’ll call again later.  Me and my dick are missing you big time.”



Justin looked at the machine.  There were two more messages.  AT 10:30 Brian said, “Still out?  I miss you.”  At 11:20 Brian left a message saying, “Where are you, Justin?  Is something wrong?  I guess I’ll talk to you tomorrow.  Call me if you want to talk.”



Justin sighed.  It would be a little after ten in Denver.  He could call Brian, but he wasn’t sure he was ready to talk to him, even now.  He was afraid he would fall apart as soon as he heard Brian’s voice, and he wasn’t going to give him that satisfaction.  He decided to wait until Brian called tomorrow.  Maybe he could stand to talk to him by then.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian was very busy with the marketing director of the ski company, but he felt his mind wandering to Justin, rather than concentrating on business.  He didn’t know what was wrong, but something obviously was.  Justin hadn’t been very talkative on Monday, then last night he hadn’t been home, or maybe wouldn’t answer.  He had left several messages, asked him to call, but nothing.  What was going on?



Justin went to class on Wednesday after a sleepless night, tossing and turning and wondering what to do.  He had trouble focusing on the lecture, and even less focus when he tried working on his project in the studio.  He stuck it out till four, then he decided to head for the diner, and see if he could pick up an early start to his shift.  He could always use a little extra money, especially if he was going to have to move out on his own.  “Don’t think like that,” he warned himself.



As he came out of the studio building, he saw Noel standing by the Jeep.



“Shit,” he said to himself.  “Just what I need.”



He decided to face this head on.  He approached the Jeep.  “Brushing up on your higher education?” Justin asked facetiously.



Noel smiled, but without humor.  “I came to see you.”



“What’s your fascination with me?” Justin asked.



“It’s not you, more precisely Brian.”



“Fuck off, Noel!  I don’t want to talk to you.”



“Did you check with Brian about what I told you?”  Noel sneered.



Justin glared at him.



“So you found out I was telling the truth,” he smirked.



“You may know a few things, but I don’t believe you and Brian are together,” Justin stated, trying to sound confident.



“Well, you’d be wrong,” Noel stated matter-of-factly.



“Shit,” Justin thought.  “He sure knows how to rattle me.”  He struggled to look calm while he loaded his portfolio into the car.



“Working on something new?” Noel asked, looking at the case.



“I’m always working on something.”



“You’re very talented,” Noel commented.



“I don’t want flattery from you.  Go away!”



“I have something to tell you,” Noel said smugly.



“What?”  Justin bit off the word.



“Brian will be late calling you tonight.  He has a dinner with the execs from the ski company.  It won’t be over till late,” Noel said, watching Justin’s face.  He got the desired reaction.



“How ... how do you know that?” Justin asked, afraid of the answer.



“He told me.  I talk to him quite often.”



“You do not!” Justin shouted, climbing into the Jeep.  He gunned the car, spinning the tires, and careening away from Noel’s taunting face.  “I won’t cry.  I won’t cry,” he repeated over and over like a mantra.



As soon as he was away from the Institute, he pulled into a parking space and laid his head on the steering wheel.  Again the tears came, unwanted but unstoppable, from some place deep inside.  It was a hurt so great he could barely breathe.  Brian was abandoning him after all; after all they had shared and been through.



He didn’t know how long he sat there, but suddenly he made a decision.  He sat up, wiped away the tears and drove to the diner.  He went through the motions of doing his shift.  Debbie asked him if he had talked to Brian.  He admitted that he hadn’t, but he assured her that he was going to talk to Brian tonight.  That was the decision he had made in the car.  If it was ending, he wanted to know.  He would find out tonight, one way or the other.



Debbie told him to leave at nine, when the dinner rush was pretty well over.  He took off, and headed for the loft.  He wanted to talk to Brian, but he also wanted to think about how he would approach this with him.  He had decided he was going to get the truth no matter what.  He wondered if Noel was right, and Brian would be late calling.  Noel had been right about everything else.



Ten o’clock came, and no call from Brian.  Eleven o’clock, then twelve, and still nothing.  Justin began to think Brian wasn’t going to call at all.  As he was about to give up, the phone rang.  It was 12:15.



Justin picked up the phone, and said, “Hello.”



“Hey,” said Brian.  “You’re finally there!  Where were you last night?  I missed you.”



“Yeah, right,” Justin replied, trying not to sound too sarcastic.



“I did.  I called several times.”



“I took an extra shift at the diner.  One of the guys wasn’t feeling well,” Justin lied.



“Why didn’t you call me when you got in?” Brian asked.  “I told you to in one of my messages.”



“It was after midnight when I got home.  I thought you’d be asleep, and I didn’t want to wake you.”



“That’s only ten o’clock here.  Remember the time difference, just like now.”



“Oh,” said Justin, “I forgot.  Why were you late calling tonight?”



“I was at a dinner with the execs of the ski company.”  Justin’s stomach turned over, and he wanted to throw up.  “I could hardly leave at eight o’clock, which would have been ten o’clock there.”



“Sure,” said Justin, swallowing to keep from vomiting.



“I would have told you, if I had talked to you last night.”



“Brian,” Justin swallowed again.



“What?  What’s wrong, Justin?” Brian asked.  The boy didn’t sound right.



“Are you coming home on Friday?”



“Just as I told you,” Brian stated.



“Not Thursday night?”



“No.  Why?  Do you need me to come home early?”



“No, but somebody else is expecting you.”  There he had said it.



“Who?  What are you talking about?”  Brian was bewildered.



“Noel came to see me a couple of times since you’ve been gone.”



“What?  What did that fucker do?  Tell me, Justin!”



“He told me you two have been talking, and fucking,” Justin said, amazed at how calm he felt.



“You don’t believe that, do you?” Brian asked.



“I tried not to, but he knows everything about your trip, where you’re staying, that you were at a dinner tonight.  He said you told him about the trip.  How could he have known all of these things, unless you did tell him?”



“I don’t know how he could know all that, Justin, but I didn’t tell him.  I swear,” Brian stated.



“You’re lying, Brian.  You said you wanted him.  Just tell me the truth.  He told me you were coming back early to be with him tomorrow night.  I hope you two enjoy yourselves.  He must be a great fuck.”  Justin could hardly believe he had just said those words.



“Justin, you know me.  I don’t lie.  If I wanted Noel and not you, I’d tell you.  I’m telling you that Noel’s lying to you.  I don’t know why, but he is.  Not me!”



Justin’s resolve wavered a little.  What Brian said was true.  He never lied, no matter how painful.  How could he believe Noel and not Brian?”



“Brian ... I ... I,” he began.



“Justin, think about it!  Believe me!”

“But how could he know those things?  I don’t understand.”



“Neither do I, but we’ll figure it out together.  I am going to come home tomorrow, to you not Noel.  We’ll straighten this out, and figure out what’s been going on.  I’m going to hang up and call the airline.  I’ll call you back in a few minutes, once I have a flight.  Okay?” he asked.



“Yeah, I guess,” said Justin, confused.



“Justin, I love you.  Believe that!”



“Okay,” said Justin, and hung up.



His brain swirled and leaped from point to point.  He felt dizzy.  He wanted to believe Brian, but Noel had been so convincing.  Could he really trust Brian?  Then it hit him.  Brian had come to him with the truth about Noel, taking the risk that Justin would believe him and forgive him.  Now Justin had to do the same thing.  If their relationship meant anything, he had to trust Brian.



The phone rang and he answered immediately.



Brian said, “I got a flight at ten.  I’ll be there at 3 pm.  Can you come and pick me up at the airport?  We need to talk about this face to face.”



“Okay,” said Justin, still reeling.



“Justin, this is the biggest test of our trust so far.  I tried to tell you and Frank what Noel was like, but neither of you understood.  Do you see now why I was worried?”



“I guess.  I’m so confused, but I’ll be at the airport.  I really need to see you.”  Justin felt overwhelmed.



Brian thought for a minute.  “Do you still have your sunshine pendant on?” he asked.



“Yes,” Justin said softly.



“Good.  Hold on to it and have faith!”


“Okay,” Justin said, feeling like crying.



“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Brian said.



“Yeah,” Justin responded, cutting the connection.  He curled up on the bed, his hand grasping the pendant.  A few tears escaped and ran down his cheeks.  His head throbbed and he felt miserable.  He wanted to believe Brian, but he still had doubts.  How did things get so out of control?  They had been happy a few days ago.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin felt like a zombie when he awoke.  His head ached, and he could barely put one foot in front of the other.  He managed to get to the shower, and he stood under the spray for as long as there was hot water.  He felt a little better after the shower.  It was already ten o’clock, so he decided not to go to school at all.  He drank a whole container of orange juice, and felt a little better.  He decided to try some cereal, thinking maybe that would make him feel better.  He discovered he was ravenous, and he realized he hadn’t eaten since lunch yesterday.  He polished off two heaping bowls, and began to feel more like himself.



He went to the couch and turned on some music.  As it blared out, he sank down into the couch and held his head in his hands.  He couldn’t think anymore.  He couldn’t cry.  He couldn’t feel.  He just didn’t know.  Maybe seeing Brian would clarify things.  He sure hoped so.



Before he knew it, it was two o’clock, and he thought he better get going to the airport.  He realized he was nervous, and he was scared to see Brian again.  What would happen?



He got dressed and headed out.  He parked the car in the parking garage.  As he went to get out, he hesitated, wanting to start the car and escape.  He didn’t think he could face Brian, and the possible end of everything.  If Brian lied, he didn’t want to know.  If Brian was telling the truth, would he forgive Justin for doubting him?  He grabbed hold of his pendant, and holding it tight in his fist, he began walking toward the terminal.  “Faith,” he said.



He saw Brian come through the security area, and his stomach did a flip.  “God, I love him,” he said to himself.



Suddenly Brian had his arms around him, and was hugging him hard.  “I missed you,” he said.  “I was afraid you wouldn’t be here.”



“I’m scared.  I don’t know what to believe.”



“Believe in us,” Brian said, and Justin knew that was the answer.



“I do,” he said.  “I do.”



“Let’s go,” Brian said, taking his hand.  “We have to go to my office.  We have a lot to do.”



“Your office?  Why?” Justin asked.



“Ever since I heard what Noel knew about my trip, I’ve been trying to figure out how he could get that information.  I’ve only been able to come up with one answer, and it’s at my office.”



“What do you mean?” Justin asked.



“You’ll see.  Come on.”  Brian pulled him along behind him.



When they entered the office, Cynthia was surprised to see Brian back, and Justin with him.



“What happened, Boss?” she asked.  “You’re not supposed to be back until tomorrow.”



“Right,” said Brian, “but I finished early.  You look nice today.  Are you going out after work?”

“I have a date,” Cynthia said proudly.



“A new beau?” Brian questioned.



“Kind of.  You know him, I think.  I met him at Justin’s art show.  His name is Noel.”



Justin gasped, and Cynthia looked confused.



“Did I say something wrong?” she asked.



“How long have you been going out with Noel?” Brian asked.



Oh, just a week or so.  He called me out of the blue.  Said he remembered me from the show.  I was flattered.  He is gorgeous.”



“Yeah, he is,” Brian agreed.  “Has he been here to the office?”



“Why all these questions about Noel?” she asked.



“Just answer my question,” Brian said firmly.



“Well, yes.  He’s picked me up here a couple of times.  Why?”



“Did you ever discuss my trip to Denver with him?”



She thought for a moment, then said, “Yes, I think he asked me what you were up to, and I told him you were off to Denver.  What’s going on, Brian?”



He ignored her question.  “Do you have a copy of my itinerary?”



“Yeah.  It’s here on the desk,” she said, picking up a piece of paper.



“Do you leave it out in plain view?”



“Not exactly, but it’s there in case I need to contact you, or tell some client when it’s best to call you.  Brian, you’re worrying me.  Have I done something wrong?”



“Has Noel ever been alone at your desk?”



She looked concerned.  “Maybe ... yes, he was one day when I had to get some papers from the filing cabinet in the storage room.  Why?  Has he done something?”



Justin looked at Brian.  Brian looked ready to explode.  “I’m going to kill that fucker!” Brian hissed between clenched teeth.  Justin took his hand and squeezed.



“How did you figure it out?” Justin asked.



“Cynthia was the only other person who knew my itinerary in the detail that Noel was telling you.”



“Brian, tell me what’s going on!”  Cynthia frowned at him.



“Noel has been tormenting Justin, telling him that he and I are having an affair.  Making Justin believe that he knew where I was and what I was doing, because we were talking and screwing behind Justin’s back.”



“Oh, my God!” Cynthia gasped, the light dawning in her eyes.  “He used me!  He’s gay, isn’t he?  I was afraid he was too good to be true.  How could I have been so stupid?”



“Don’t blame yourself, Cynthia.  He fooled me at first too.”



“I’m so sorry, Brian.  I should have known better, but he is gorgeous, and I was very flattered by his attentions.”  She shook her head ruefully.  “I have always said, ‘if it seems too good to be true, it probably is’, and then I fall for exactly that.”  Again she shook her head, upset by her role in this.



“Don’t be sorry,” Brian said.  “That won’t help.”



“All right, then.  I’m angry!  Nobody uses me like that!”



“Sounds like me!” Brian said.  “Don’t get mad, get even, is my motto,” Brian admonished, giving her a gentle pat on the back.  “We’re going to make the fucker pay, and we’re going to need your help to do it!”



“Count me in!” Cynthia said emphatically.  “Let’s get this creep by the nuts, and hurt him big time!”



“A woman after my own heart!” Brian laughed.  “Let’s go in my office and start our war council.”



The three of them walked into Brian’s office, each vowing to make Noel pay for what he had done to them.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



“Noel, honey,” Cynthia said into the phone, “can you pick me up at work?  I have some interesting news for you.”  She paused and listened.  “Yes, it’s about Brian.  I just got off the phone with him.”  Again she paused.  “I’ll tell you all about it over dinner.  Come up to my office at six, and I’ll give you all the dish.  Bye.”  She put down the receiver.  “Fucking asshole!” she said, looking at the phone in disgust.



“Good girl!” Brian whispered in her ear.  “He’s on his way?”



“Yes.”  Brian grinned.  “God, I’m glad I’m on your side,” Cynthia observed.  “I wouldn’t want to be Noel.”



They had spent the last hour and a half plotting their revenge.  Several phone calls and some heated discussion had resulted in a plan.  Cynthia had just set everything in motion.  They went back to Brian’s office to fine tune what they would do.



“Justin, you’re up next,” Brian said.  “Are you ready?”



“More than ready,” Justin affirmed.  “I know what I have to do.”  His confidence had returned now that he could do something positive, and not be the victim once again.



Brian smiled at him.  Justin seemed more himself now than he had for the last three days.  Brian was relieved and happy that they were working on this together.



There was one more piece of the puzzle, who would be there in fifteen minutes, he hoped.



They waited.  It was five to six.  Noel should be there soon.  Justin got up.  “I’m going to the waiting room in case he’s early,” he said.



“Are you sure you’re up to this?” Brian asked.  “You don’t have to do it.”



“Yes, I do!  I’m ready and able to do my part.”



“Good boy!” Brian said, kissing him.



Cynthia smiled at them.  “Justin’s the best thing that’s happened to Brian in a long time,” she thought.



Justin went out to the waiting room and sat down in the bank of chairs alongside the elevator.  He picked up a magazine and started flipping through it.  Brian and Cynthia watched through the slightly open office door.  They heard the elevator bing and Noel stepped out.  He walked to Cynthia’s desk, looking around but not seeing Justin sitting off to the side of the elevator.  He began rifling through the papers on Cynthia’s desk.



“Bastard!” Cynthia said between clenched teeth.  Brian nudged her and whispered, “Shh.”



Justin put down his magazine.  “Hello, Noel,” he said.  “Looking for something?”



Noel jumped, dropping the papers back to the desk and looking up.  He quickly regained his smirk.  “Justin!  Fancy meeting you here,” he said condescendingly.



“I should be saying that,” Justin replied.  “What are you doing here?  Brian’s still in Denver, as you know.”



“Are you sure?” he asked, hoping to plant a seed of doubt.



“I’m sure of Brian’s whereabouts,” Justin stated.



“Oh?” Noel said.



“I asked you what you were doing here,” Justin said again.



“Brian asked me to pick up a certain paper for him,” Noel lied.  “I thought it might be here on Cynthia’s desk.  He wants it for tomorrow, after we spend the night together.  Where is Cynthia anyway?”



“I’m right here, sweetie,” Cynthia said, coming out of Brian’s office.  “You’re early.”



“Sweetie?” Justin asked.



Noel looked worried.  He wasn’t sure how to deal with the two of them together.



“Are you ready to go, Cynthia?” he asked, wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible.



“Sure,” said Cynthia, smiling sweetly.



Noel started to hustle her toward the elevator.



“I need to get my coat and purse,” she said, turning back and going into the copy room.



“How do you know Cynthia?” Justin asked.



“We met at your show.  I’m taking her to dinner,” Noel said, trying to sound nonchalant.



“Interesting,” said Justin.  “I thought you were spending tonight with Brian.”



Noel looked at him, alarm bells going off.



“Cynthia,” he called.



“Right here, asshole!” she said, as she came out of the copy room.



“What?” he responded.



“You heard me!  I said ‘asshole’!”



“And I agree,” Justin added.



Noel looked from one to the other.  “What’s going on?”



Brian stepped out from his office.  Noel visibly shrunk back.  “Brian, you’re here,” Noel gasped.  He looked like he wanted to run.



“Right, you fucking snake!  I’m here, and you’re going to be sorry you ever messed with any of us.”



Noel cringed and started backing up toward the elevator.



Just then they heard it bing again, and the doors opened.  Jane Granville stepped out.



Noel turned and saw her.  All color drained from his face, and he looked positively ashen.



“Jane,” he said, “what are you doing here?”



“I’ve come to tell you something,” she said, parroting the way Justin had told her Noel spoke to him.  Noel seemed to be shrinking in size.



“Wh ... what?” he stuttered.



“You’re fired!  I don’t want you anywhere near my gallery.  In fact, I suggest you get out of town, because I’ll see to it that no one here will hire you.”  She pushed the elevator button, and the doors opened again.  Noel bolted for the opening, and the doors started to close on his stricken visage.



“Bye, bye, Noel,” they all said in unison, and the doors closed.



Jane went over to the others, and they exchanged high fives.



“Thanks, Jane,” said Justin.



“You’re welcome, boys,” she said, looking at Brian and Justin.  “Nobody uses my business to pull this kind of shit!”



“Do you think he was sufficiently humbled?” Cynthia asked.



“Not by half,” Brian said, “But it’ll have to do for now.  I really wanted to string him up by his balls.”



“Ooh, painful!”  Jane grinned.  “You have a mean streak.’



“So I’ve been told,” Brian agreed.  “Do you think we’ve gotten rid of him?”



“I’d say so.  I meant what I said about spreading the word.  He won’t get another job in a gallery in Pittsburgh.  He was always just a bit too smooth to suit me, but the customers were usually charmed by him,” she said ruefully.



“Yeah,” Brian agreed.  “He did have a way about him.”



“Until you got to see what was beneath that suave veneer,” Justin added.



“That’s for sure,” Cynthia concurred.  “What a pig!”



“Dinner’s on me,” Brian said.  “Can you join us, Jane?”



“I’d love to.  Take us somewhere expensive!”



Brian laughed.  “The sky’s the limit tonight!”  He put his arm around Justin’s shoulders and headed them toward the elevators.



Jane watched them.  “Too bad they’re not straight.  They’re beautiful,” she observed.



“Yeah,” Cynthia agreed.  “But they’re wonderful together.  They love each other.”



“I can see that.  Oh well, for tonight we’ll have the hottest dates in Pittsburgh.” Jane grinned.



“Yeah,” Cynthia agreed.  “Too bad they won’t even know we’re there.  They only have eyes for each other.”



“I see what you mean.”



“I’ll just get my purse and we can join our ‘dates’.  We’ll make all the other women in the restaurant jealous.”  They laughed, liking each other.



Brian leaned over and kissed Justin, as they waited for the elevator.  “Are we all right?” he asked.



“We’re fine.  I’m sorry I doubted us for a while.”



“Noel was playing some serious head games with you.”



Justin nodded.  “I’ve missed you.  I want you, so bad!!  It’s been almost a week,” Justin pleaded.



“I know, but we have to get through dinner.  We owe them that much,” Brian said.



“Okay, but it won’t be easy.”  Justin rubbed up against Brian’s crotch, and Brian groaned.



“Easy boys,” Cynthia said, walking over, her arm linked through Jane’s.  “We’re holding you to dinner, at least through the main course.”



Jane nodded and grinned at them.



“Let’s go,” Brian said to them, getting on the elevator.  “Later,” he said to Justin.



“Later,” Justin responded.



It was going to be a long evening.

Chapter 12 - Pressure by Thyme

 

Pressure  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Shattering, sparkling, splintering, stinging.  Brian looked at the broken glass in his hand, and the little rivulets of red that had begun to seep out around the crystal shards.  It hurt a little, but not as much as the pain in his chest where his heart should be.  He stared at his hand in fascination.  A moment ago it had held a glass of Jim Beam, but now it was this broken, oozing mess, just like his life.  How quickly everything could change!



He was drunk, but not nearly drunk enough.  The pain was still there.  He wanted numbness, nothingness, oblivion.



He didn’t actually remember crushing the glass.  He wasn’t sure how he had done it.  It was just there, a broken mass of glass, blood and flesh.  He thought he should probably do something about it, but it seemed like way too much effort.  He sighed and leaned back against the arm of the couch, his injured hand hanging down near the carpet.  He closed his eyes.



Images of the last few days started flickering across his mind.  Justin crying.  Justin packing his belongings.  Justin yelling at him.  Justin walking out the door.  The sound of silence and emptiness was deafening in the loft.



What had happened?  He didn’t want to remember it, but his mind had other plans.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Four days ago Justin had come home from the IFA very late, 11 pm.  Brian had been busy with work since the Noel fiasco.  They hadn’t had a lot of time to spend together.  Brian was still working on the deal with the Denver ski company, and everything was just about finalized.  Justin was quiet as he entered, not his usual bouncy self.  Brian was polishing up the final version of the sales campaign he had initiated.



“Hey,” Brian said, looking up from the computer.



“Hey,” Justin replied and headed for the bathroom.



Brian heard the shower go on.  A little alarm bell went off in his head.  Where had he seen this scenario before?  He shook his head.  Couldn’t be!  He and Justin were fine.  They had survived Noel, and come out the other side, stronger and better.  At least he thought so.



He went back to work.  He was nearly finished.  He’d talk to Justin when he came out of the shower.  A few minutes later he heard the shower go off.  He quickly saved his work and shut down the computer.  He headed into the bedroom, and met Justin as he stepped out of the bathroom.  Justin jumped back in surprise.



“You’re edgy tonight,” Brian observed, as he put an arm around Justin and pulled off his towel.  Justin tried to grab it back, but Brian held it tantalizingly out of reach.



“Come on, Brian,” Justin griped.  “Give me the towel.”



Brian threw the towel into the bathroom.  “You don’t need it,” he said, running his hands up and down Justin’s arms.



“Fuck, Brian,” Justin said.  “I’m tired.”



Brian stopped rubbing and grabbed Justin’s shoulders, forcing him to look into Brian’s eyes.  “What’s wrong?” he demanded.



“I told you.  I’m tired.  I want to go to bed,” Justin said, looking at the floor.



“Justin, we said we’d be honest.  I can tell something’s wrong.  Talk to me.”



“Not now.  I’m going to bed.”



Justin tried to turn away.  Brian held him in place, looking at him intently.  Justin could not meet his gaze.



“Brian, let me go,” he asked, looking miserable.



“Talk to me.  What’s wrong?”



Justin shook his head.  Brian pulled him close, holding him in a tight embrace.  Justin resisted at first, but gradually relaxed into Brian’s arms.  Brian felt more than heard the sobs.



“What’s wrong?” Brian asked again.



“Make love to me,” Justin asked.



“Of course, but tell me what’s going on,” Brian countered.



“I can’t, not right now.  Fuck me, please!” Justin almost begged.



Brian kissed him deeply, not knowing what else to do.  Maybe sex would make them both feel better.  He pulled Justin over to the bed and gently pushed him down.  He laid Justin on his back, kissing him all the while.  Justin had surrendered to his ministrations, emitting little gasps and moans as Brian’s kisses became deeper and more demanding.  Brian looked at Justin’s face.  His eyes were closed and Brian couldn’t read his thoughts.  He knew something was wrong, but Justin wouldn’t talk about it, so this would be the next best thing.



He licked along Justin’s chin and down his neck.  His hands squeezed the boy’s breasts and tweaked the nipples.  Justin gasped and Brian sucked on each tit.  He continued downward, dipping into Justin’s navel.  He licked down to the pubes and all around his hardening cock, but not touching the shaft itself.  He pulled Justin’s knees up and apart and slid down between them.  His tongue caressed the inside of each thigh.  He blew softly over Justin’s penis and heard the boy groan.  He buried his face between Justin’s legs, licking over his pucker and up to his scrotum.  He took Justin’s balls in his mouth, sucking and rolling them around.  He loved the taste of Justin.  If he could swallow him whole, he would.  He felt Justin writhing beneath him and knew by the dripping cock that he was close to coming.  He hadn’t even touched Justin’s dick yet.



“Tell me what you want, Justin.  This is for you.  Do you want me to blow you or fuck you or bring you off without even touching your dick?”



“Fuck me, please.  I want you in me.”



Brian rolled on a condom and buried his face against Justin’s hole.  He used his tongue to open Justin’s pucker.  Justin gasped and pressed against Brian’s face, trying to make the tongue go deeper.  Brian grabbed the lube, coated his penis and used his greased fingers to press into Justin.  He flipped Justin’s legs over his shoulders and rammed his penis fully into the boy.  Brian heard the sharp intake of breath.  Justin opened his eyes to look at Brian for the first time since this had begun.



“I thought I needed to get your attention,” Brian said by way of explanation.



“What?” Justin gasped.



“Never mind,” Brian said, and began pounding against him.  Justin didn’t back off.  He met each thrust with a counterthrust, and they both groaned in satisfaction.  The ride was exhilarating, but all too brief.  Finally they both reached orgasm, climaxing and lying spent together.



When Brian regained his breath, he rolled off Justin and looked at the boy.  Justin turned away, and rolled onto his side, his back to Brian.



“Justin,” Brian said, worried.



“Maybe tomorrow, Brian.  Not now.”



Brian reached over and touched Justin’s shoulder.  He felt the shoulder shift away from his touch, and he knew something was really wrong.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



That was how it had started.  Brian knew something was going on and Justin wouldn’t talk about it.  When Justin refused to talk, it was usually something big.



Neither of them slept much that night.  Each tossed and turned, somewhat studiously avoiding touching the other in their thrashing about.  Around 5 am Brian felt Justin sit up and flip back the duvet.  He knew instinctively that Justin was going to leave without talking to him.



“Don’t,” he said without looking at the boy.



“Don’t what?” Justin asked.  “I was just going to pee.”  He kept his back to Brian.



“Don’t go.  Don’t leave without talking to me.  Don’t lie.  Take your pick.”  Brian gave him a list to choose from.



“Brian...I...” Justin didn’t know how to continue.  How could he explain to Brian when he didn’t understand it himself?



“What?” Brian asked.



“I’m going to go to school.  I have to think and sort some things out.  I promise I’ll talk to you about this tonight.  Okay?”


“What is it?  Maybe I can help,” Brian offered.



Justin shook his head.  “Tonight, I promise.”



“Okay, but tonight for sure,” Brian gave in.  He was worried.  This must be something big and very bad.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian looked at his injured hand.  It throbbed a little and he could see a couple of pieces of glass still imbedded.  He carefully pulled them out and blood began to flow again.  He glanced down and saw a little pool of drying blood on the white carpet, where his hand had been hanging down.



“Another thing ruined,” he said philosophically.



He picked up the Jim Beam bottle and downed a swig, then another and another.



“Who needs a glass?”  He laughed humorlessly.



He opened his hand and looked at the slits that had held the imbedded pieces of glass.  He held his hand over the area of dried blood on the carpet and poured some Beam over it.



“Ouch!  Fuck!!”  He didn’t think it would sting like that.



“Good antiseptic!” he said to the loft.  “Let’s cleanse the inside too,” and he took several more swigs of the liquor.



His head lolled back against the arm again and his thoughts began to wander back to his discussion with Justin.



“Discussion!” he snorted.  “Debate, dilemma, disgust, disintegration!  Piece of shit!”  He grimaced as his wounded hand had involuntarily made a fist.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin had arrived at the loft before Brian got home from work.  He had made them steak and salad.  They ate in silence for a while.  Finally Brian decided he wanted some answers.



“Are you going to tell me what’s going on?” he asked.



“I’ve been trying all day to figure out what to say,” Justin confessed.



“This sounds bad.”



“I guess it is.”



“So just tell me,” Brian ordered, his heart beating faster.



“I met a guy a few days ago.”



“A guy?  Don’t you meet a lot of guys every day?” Brian asked, trying to slough off the jab of fear he felt.



“Not like Derek.”



“Derek?”



“Derek Jacobs.  He’s in the dance program at the Institute.”



“A dancer?  Should I be jealous?”



Justin grimaced.  “Not the reaction I wanted,” Brian thought.



“We met at lunch one day and got talking.  There was an immediate attraction.  I tried to ignore it, but I really liked him, and I wanted to be friends.”



Justin paused and Brian blinked.  He knew what was coming, but he didn’t want to hear it.



“We had lunch together everyday for a few days.  One day he came back to my cubicle to see my work.  As we were looking at my paintings, our hands reached for one at the same time, and I felt this little jolt of electricity pass between us.”



“Shit,” Brian thought, “just like Noel.”  His stomach twisted and he thought his dinner might come up.  He downed the rest of his wine to force it back.  He poured himself another glass, leaned back and in his best Brian Kinney ‘don’t give a fuck’ voice, he said, “Continue.”



Justin looked at him, unsure what to say next.  “I...we... Before I knew it, we were on the floor, kissing ... and fucking.”



“Swept away by passion?” Brian sneered.  “Was he good?”



“Brian, don’t...”



“Don’t!  I think it’s you that needed to heed that word.”



“I...I’m sorry, but I wanted him and he wanted me.”



“Just like Noel and me?  Is this some kind of sick payback, Justin?”  Brian was angry.



“Of course not!  How could you think that?  It just happened.  We wanted each other.  It has nothing to do with Noel.”



“Interesting timing though, don’t you think?”



“No, I don’t think!  One has nothing to do with the other.”



Brian looked intently at Justin.  He didn’t know if he believed him or not.  “So was he good?  As good as me?  Better?”



“Different!” was Justin’s somewhat defiant answer.



“I guess you enjoyed it?” Brian asked, hoping against hope that the answer would be no.



“Yes, I did.”



“Was that the only time?”



Justin blinked, and Brian knew it wasn’t.  “No,” he said.  “I went to his dorm last night to talk to him.”



“And you fucked again!”



“Yes.”



“Several times?”



“Yes.”



“So that’s why you needed the shower when you finally came home?”



“I guess.”



“And then you asked me to fuck you too.  Making comparisons?”



“Don’t be cruel, Brian.”



“Oh, I haven’t even started!”



“I don’t want to fight.”



“I think I do.  Otherwise, I might kill you, or myself!” Brian spat out between clenched teeth.



“Don’t say things like that!”



“Why not?  Does it scare you, because you scare me?”



“Scare you?  Why?” Justin asked, bewildered.



“After all we’ve been through, after Noel and what he did to us, you’re ready to toss it all away for Derek!  That’s pretty fucking scary, Justin.  I thought we meant more than that!”



“We do, Brian.  I didn’t say we were through.  I just have to figure out what to do about Derek.  I’m confused.”



“What to do about Derek?  Tell him to fuck off!  Tell him you’re in a relationship.  Tell him you love me!”



“I already have ... and it didn’t help.”



“What do you mean?”



“I still want him,” Justin said, looking sad.



“What about me?”  Brian never thought he would hear himself ask that question, but there it was.



“I want you too.”



“Well. I don’t think it works that way.  I’m not into sharing!  Maybe Gus is, but I don’t share my toys.”



“So now I’m a toy?”



“I didn’t mean it that way.”



“Brian, if you’ll listen for a minute?”  Justin waited, and when Brian neither moved nor said anything, he continued.  “I understand now your attraction to Noel.”



Brian shook his head.  “That’s what’s at the root of this, isn’t it?” he asked.



“No, Brian,” Justin said again.  “It’s not.  The attraction I feel for Derek is more.  You didn’t want Noel once you’d had him.”



“That makes me sound like a selfish asshole.  There was a lot more to it.  You know why I didn’t want Noel.”



“I know, but Derek isn’t like Noel.  He’s kind and funny and interesting, and I like him, as well as being attracted to him.”



“So, he’s perfect?” Brian asked.



“Kinda.”



“I don’t think perfect can be qualified,” Brian sneered.



“Well, pardon me!”  Justin took offense to Brian’s tone.  He wasn’t going to be treated like a little kid who needed to be taught what his words meant.



“What are you and Mr. Perfect planning to do?” Brian asked.



“To do?”



“Are you moving out?  In with him?  Away from me?”



“I don’t want to leave you,” Justin said, looking uncertain.



“But you want to keep fucking him?”



“I...yes,” Justin conceded.



“Well, that makes him more than a trick then, doesn’t it?  I guess we wouldn’t be having this conversation if he was just a trick.  Let’s see.  Someone once told me, and I quote, ‘Tricks don’t matter’, but this is something way beyond that.”



“Brian, I needed to be honest with you.  I have to figure this out for myself.”



“You’re right about that.  And while you’re figuring it out, I think you need to stop fucking both of us.”



“What do you mean?”



“Just what I said.  Until you choose, you don’t fuck either of us.”



“Brian...”



“I told you.  I don’t share and I won’t be anybody’s bit on the side.”



Justin’s anger flared at that.  “What are you talking about?  I’ve never treated you that way.  You know I love you.”



“Do I?  Does the name Ethan Gold ring any bells?  We’ve been down this road before, and I thought we had gotten beyond this.”



“We have, but things happen in relationships.”



“Yeah,” said Brian.  “Things.”



“Do you want me to leave?” Justin asked.



“No...Yes...I don’t know,” Brian said, disappointed that Justin seemed no longer willing to fight for their relationship.



“Maybe it’s best if I do,” Justin stated, wanting Brian to tell him to stay.



Brian shrugged.



“I’ll go to Debbie’s for tonight, if that’s what you want?”



“Call her!” Brian ordered, willing this to be over.



“All right!” Justin shot back, and walked over to the phone.



Brian retreated to the bathroom and closed the door.  He threw some water on his face, and leaned on the counter.  His head pounded and he felt like someone had kicked him in the gut.  He didn’t know how long he stood there, when he heard a tap on the door.



“What?” he snarled.



“Debbie says I can come over.  I’m taking a few things, just for tonight,” Justin said tentatively.



“Whatever,” Brian replied, standing up.  “I’m going out anyway.  Don’t be here when I get back!”



Justin looked like someone had slapped him, and that’s what Brian’s words felt like, a slap in the face.  He knew Brian would find a trick to fill his bed tonight once he was gone.



Brian brushed past him, grabbed his leather jacket from the closet and was gone before Justin could say or do anything.



Justin sank down onto the bed and put his head in his hands.  He wanted to cry, but even tears had abandoned him.  He grabbed some clothes for the next day, his books, his knapsack and his jacket.  He carefully set the alarm as he left.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian took another drink from the bottle of Beam.  That emptied it.  He wanted more, but he wasn’t sure he could get over to the kitchen to get it.  He started to push himself up from the couch, but he winced in pain as he put pressure on his injured hand.  He looked at it and saw a bit of blood begin again.  He had reopened a couple of the cuts.



“Fuck!” he said aloud.



He used his good hand to help him stand up, swaying a bit.  He took a step and staggered back against the couch.  He put a hand down to save himself and yelped in pain.  He had used his injured hand.



“Fucking stupid!” he cursed.



He righted himself and looked at his hand.  It really was a mess.  He stood straight as he could and headed himself in the direction of the kitchen.  He grabbed the counter for support, this time using his right hand, his good one.  Keeping contact with the counter he went round to the cupboard where he stored the liquor.



“Ah,” he said, pulling out a new bottle of Beam.  He put the bottle in his left elbow and holding it against his body, he used his right hand to twist open the lid.  He only spilled a little.  He took a good slug from the bottle.  His left hand throbbed.  He leaned against the sink and ran some water over the wounds.  Then he poured some Beam over his hand, and grunted in protest to the stabbing pain.  He knew he’d never make it to the bathroom, so he opened the door beneath the sink and pissed in the garbage can.  That felt better.  He grabbed a towel from a drawer and wrapped it around his hand, tucking in the end.



“I should have been a doctor,” he said, pleased with himself.  “I could have taken out my heart a long time ago, and avoided all this shit.”



He grabbed the new bottle of Beam and staggered back to the couch.  Was it Saturday or Sunday?  He wasn’t sure.  It was dark out.  “Probably Saturday night,” he thought.  “If it’s Sunday, I’ll never make it to work tomorrow.”  He chuckled insanely.  “Vance’ll have to do his own shit.  No Brian Kinney to save the day this time,” he said to the loft.



If it was still Saturday, then Justin had left two days ago.  What difference did it make how long he had been gone?  It just mattered that he was gone, for good!



That required another drink or two.  He slumped on the couch and downed a few more mouthfuls of Beam.  His head lolled back, as he cradled the bottle between his thighs.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



After Justin’s revelation, Brian was hurt and angry and disillusioned.  The idea of disillusionment in the same context as him gave Brian pause.



“I’m the ultimate realist,” he told himself.  “At least I used to be.”



He headed for Babylon and the back room.  If Justin was fucking around, then he would too.  Within minutes of arriving, he was getting his dick sucked.  He hadn’t done this for months, since he and Justin had gotten back together.



“Just like riding a bike,” he thought as he came.  He immediately shoved the man away and zipped up.  He didn’t even have a feeling of release, let alone of satisfaction.



He went out to the dance floor, looking for someone more appetizing.  He saw a couple of likely prospects dancing together and worked his way over to them.  He used his patented come-on line, and they agreed to go back to the loft.  He gave them the address and went to find a drug connection.  He could use a few good hits of something to make this more palatable.



“Christ!  When did sex have to be palatable?” he thought.  “I am so screwed.”



He got some E and headed for the loft.  The two tricks were waiting at the front door.  “Justin better be gone!” he vowed to himself. “Otherwise, I’m going to give him quite a show!”



“Come in, guys,” he said, ushering them up to the loft.  He looked around as he opened the door, noting that Justin was not there.  He wasn’t sure if he was happy or sad or disappointed that he was no longer there.



“Nice place,” one of the tricks observed.



“Yeah,” Brian replied.  “The bedroom’s up there.  Go ahead.”



The two men went up the steps already removing their clothes.  Brian poured himself a glass of Beam.  He had taken a couple of hits of the E and his dick was responding.  He dropped his jacket and swallowed the Beam.  He pulled off his shirt and headed for the bedroom.  The two men were naked on the bed, blowing each other.



“Hey, wait for me!” he said, getting rid of his pants.



They welcomed him onto the bed, one capturing his mouth and the other his cock.  They kissed and sucked for awhile.  Brian wanted to fuck.  One trick lay on his back and the other started fucking him.  Brian lined up behind this man and drove his penis in.  He liked driving the train, as he called it.  When they all finally came, they collapsed in a heap on the bed.



“That was better,” he thought.



One of the tricks said, “That was fucking fantastic!”



Brian snorted, “So I haven’t lost my touch.”



“Let’s go again,” the other trick said.



“Sure,” said Brian, as one attacked his cock and the other sucked on his tits.  He was ready, if only he didn’t see Justin’s face when he closed his eyes.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



His eyes sprang open.  He thought Justin might be standing there in front of him.  The image had been so vivid.  He looked around, but he was definitely alone.  He must have dozed off or passed out.  He wasn’t sure.  He felt something between his legs, and it wasn’t a dick, his or anyone else’s.  He looked down and saw the Jim Beam bottle.  He laughed.  “My old friend,” he said, lifting it up, and holding it against his chest.  Then he took a long drink.



Where was the nothingness that he longed for?  He remembered thinking about the tricks he’d brought home when Justin had gone to Debbie’s.  They had distracted him for a few hours, but eventually he told them to get out, and resorted to liquor and drugs.  It seemed to be getting harder and harder to dull the pain and blot out the unwanted thoughts.



Pain.  He looked at his left hand.  It was all wrapped up.  When had he done that?  Time seemed to have no meaning.  He wasn’t sure anymore when events had happened, in what order, what was real and what he was imagining.



He took another long drag of the Beam and set the bottle on the floor.  He draped his legs over the arm of the couch and laid back.  Maybe he could sleep.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian had managed to set the alarm after he kicked out the trick twins.  When it woke him, he debated skipping work, but decided against it.  Work would take his mind off Justin, and help him to get through the day.



About 3 pm, after a rather uninspiring day, Cynthia buzzed him to say that Justin was on line one.  He debated not taking it, but decided he needed to deal with this head on.



“Justin?” he said into the phone.



“Brian, I’d like to come to the loft tonight after dinner.  I’ve made some decisions, and I need to talk to you.”



“Okay,” said Brian.  “See you about eight?”



“Sure,” Justin replied and hung up.



“Shit!  That was fucking abrupt!  I wonder what that means?” Brian muttered to himself.  He’d find out tonight.  He had already decided that he wasn’t going to share Justin with the dancer.  He’d go it alone if he had to.



Brian picked at his takeout.  He wasn’t hungry, but he had to do something while he waited for Justin.  He was dreading what he thought Justin was going to tell him.



Promptly at eight the buzzer sounded.  “Shit!” Brian said.  “He won’t even use his key.”  He buzzed him up.



Brian opened the loft door, and leaned against the frame, as he waited for the elevator to arrive.  Justin pushed up the gate and stepped out.  Brian’s cock stirred.  The boy looked good.



“Hey,” Justin said.



“Hey,” Brian replied and stepped back to let Justin enter.  He closed the door.  “Want a beer?” he asked.



“Sure,” said Justin, hoping that might ease the tension.



Brian opened two beers and handed one to Justin.  He went over to the couch and sat down.  Justin sat in the chair opposite.



“So,” Brian said, “what big decision have you made?”



“I want you.  I love you and I always will.”



Brian’s heart thumped in relief.  He had expected the worst.  “That’s good,” he said.  “I feel the same way.”



Justin gave a small smile in recognition of Brian’s statement.



“That wasn’t much of a response,” Brian thought.  “So what does that mean about where we are?” he asked aloud.



“It means I want to stay here with you.”



“Really?  That’s good.”  Brian was pleased.



Justin smiled a little more.



“What about Derek?” Brian had to ask.



“I want to be friends with him,” Justin stated.



“Just friends?”



“I think so.”



“You think so?  That doesn’t sound very definite.  What does Derek say about it?” Brian asked.



“Derek isn’t happy.  He wants to keep things as they were or maybe take them farther.”



“So, if he pressures you to fuck, what will happen?”



“Nothing.”



“Are you sure?”



“I can’t say a hundred percent,” Justin admitted.



“Why don’t you cut him loose?”



“I...I can’t,” Justin said.



“You can’t?  Don’t you mean you won’t?”



“No...I...”



“What the fuck is this all about?  I thought you made a decision.  This sounds like you’re going to keep seeing him, and in all likelihood fucking him.  Am I right?”



“No, I don’t think so.  I’m going to try to prevent that.”



“This is fucking ridiculous!”



“Brian, I don’t know what else to do,” Justin’s voice quavered.



“Well I do!  Tell him to get lost or tell me to get lost,” Brian demanded.



“I can’t do that.”



“Yes you can!”



Justin shook his head.



“Maybe we should talk to Frank about this,” Brian said hopefully.



“No,” Justin cut him off.  “I don’t want him telling me what to do.  I have to work this out myself.”



“Frank wouldn’t tell you what to do.  You know that.  But he might give you a new perspective on things.”



Justin shook his head again.



“I think you’d rather have the problem than the solution.  In fact I’m beginning to wonder if you actually like the problem,” Brian stated.



“What?”  Justin looked hurt.



“You heard me.  You really want to have your cake and eat it too.  You haven’t decided anything, except that you’re going to continue being selfish.”



“Me?  Selfish?  Look who’s talking!”



Brian was taken aback.  He knew many people considered him selfish and he did little to change their opinions, but Justin had never called him that.



“You could have Noel, but I can’t have Derek.”



“Not the same,” Brian responded, shaking his head.



“Not in your supreme opinion!  To me, it is.”



“And I say Derek is another Ethan, another instance of me not being enough for you.”



Justin cringed.  Brian sure as shit knew how to hurt him.  “Well, fuck you, Brian!  Everything’s so black and white to you, so easy!  If you’re forcing me to choose, I may just choose Derek.  He’s not a selfish asshole like you!”



Justin had stood up and was screaming at him.  He stomped into the bedroom.



“I see your true opinion of me has finally been revealed,” Brian said, his voice dripping with sarcasm and pain.



Brian heard him opening drawers.  He walked over to the steps, and watched Justin stuff clothes into a pillowcase.



“Is that it?” Brian asked.



“I’ve had it with you!” Justin yelled at him.



“You’ve had it all right,” Brian shot back.  “You think this is easy for me?”



“Fuck you!”



“Not anymore.”  Brian had to resort to sarcasm to keep from begging.



“You think you can force me to do what you want.  Well, not this time.  I’m going to do what I want.”



“You always could, Justin.  I thought you were here because you wanted to be.”



“So did I, but I guess I was fooling myself.”



“I guess we’re both fools then.”



“Right!  So this is it.”



“Looks that way,” Brian snapped.  He could feel pieces of his heart ripping from his chest.



“I’m leaving.  I’ll get the rest of my stuff later,” Justin said, hoping Brian would stop him.  It didn’t happen and Justin made it to the door of the loft.



“Sure,” said Brian, wanting to grab Justin and make him stay.



“Oh, fuck off!” Justin yelled in frustration.  He slammed the door behind him and ran down the stairs, a few tears escaping despite his best efforts.



“What have I done?” he asked himself as he reached the lobby.  He sank down on the last step.  “I went up there to tell him I love him and I want to be with him.  What happened?  I was going to push Derek away, keep him as a friend only, if I could!  Brian probably knew I wouldn’t be able to do that.  What’s wrong with me?  Why can’t I be strong?”



“God dammit!” Brian said to the empty loft, to the Fates who tormented him, to the God he didn’t believe in.  “Why didn’t I stop him?”  Brian couldn’t believe he had let Justin go once again.  Justin had said he loved him and wanted him.  That fucking Derek crap!  Brian knew on some level that Derek was more important to Justin as a friend than a lover.  He also knew that it was really him that Justin wanted, not Derek.  “Why couldn’t I cut him a little slack?  It would have passed.  What’s wrong with me?  Why can’t I give a little occasionally?”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian started and jerked upright.  He was still on the couch and he realized he had been asleep.  The gray light of dawn was beginning to seep through the curtained windows.



“I’m sobering up,” Brian thought.  He retrieved the Jim Beam bottle from the floor.  He raised the bottle and was about to take a drink, when he suddenly stopped.  He looked at the bottle and changed his mind.



“No,” he said aloud.  “Fucking no!”  He dropped the bottle back to the carpet.  He raised his left hand and flexed it gingerly.  It hurt like hell.  He pulled the towel apart and looked at the wounds.  They had stopped bleeding, but still looked raw and cruel.  He made a quick decision.  With not too great an effort he stood up.  He stretched his knotted back and didn’t stumble.



“I can do this,” he said aloud.



He pulled the towel back around his hand and headed for the bedroom.  He made a quick trip to the bathroom.  While pissing, he vaguely remembered what he had done in the kitchen.  He’d have to clean that up - later.  He grabbed jeans, a T-shirt and his jacket.  His shoes he found beside the bed.  He managed to get dressed without hurting his hand too much.  He made a quick phone call and headed out.



Ten minutes later he was in the emergency room at the hospital.  Being early Sunday morning, it was very quiet, and a young intern put a few stitches in his hand, and asked for his number.  Brian was tempted, but said nothing.  The doctor bandaged his hand, and gave him his card.



“You never know,” the doctor said, smiling and walking away.



Brian looked at the card and stuck it in his jacket.  He felt surprisingly well as he headed out to the Jeep.  He had expected a much worse hangover.  He looked at his watch and headed downtown.  On the way he picked up a latte which he was still sipping when he walked into Frank Jamison’s office.



“Thanks for doing this on a Sunday morning, doc,” he said.



“You sounded like you needed me.”



“I do.”



“Where’s Justin?” the doctor asked, never having seen either of them separately.



“That’s why I needed to see you.”



“How so?”



“Justin’s gone.  We had a fight.”



“I see.  What happened?”



“Justin met some ballet boy and they fucked.  He told me about it, but wouldn’t or couldn’t give him up.  I told him I didn’t share, and he left.”



Frank looked at Brian who had once again reduced life-shattering events to a few carefully chosen sentences that told the story, but revealed very little of what actually happened.



“And the problem is ...?” Frank asked.



“He’s gone,” Brian replied simply.



“And you don’t like that?”



“Of course not!”



“How do you feel about it?”



“Angry, miserable ... hurt,” he admitted.



“Did you tell Justin that?”



“No.”



“Why?”



“I didn’t...know...what to say.”



“What did you say to him?”



Brian thought for a moment, then shook his head.  “I asked him if this was some kind of sick payback for Noel.”



“How did he respond to that?”



“He told me I was wrong.  That it just happened.  They were attracted to each other.”



“Do you believe that?”



“I guess so, but even if I do, he won’t stop being with Derek.  I told him he had to give up one of us, but he said he couldn’t.”



“Do you see a parallel with Noel?”



“In the beginning maybe, but Noel was a prick.  Justin wants to be friends with Derek.”



“And that bothers you?”



“The friendship part doesn’t, but he couldn’t promise that that’s all it would be.”



“Is that the crux of the problem?”



“I guess so.  I can’t do that.  I...he...means too much to me.  Derek isn’t a trick.  He isn’t just a friend.  He’s more.”  Brian leaned over, resting his elbows on his knees, his head hanging down.  “Why am I never enough?” he whispered.



“Is that what you think?” Frank asked.



Brian looked up.  “First Ethan, now Derek.  Why can’t I get it right?  I’m pathetic!”



“I don’t know that you are in control of this, Brian.  Justin’s feelings are his, not yours.  This may not be something he can control.  In a way this is like Noel, even if you don’t want to admit it.”



“But I didn’t want Noel after the first time.  Justin still wants Derek.”



“He’s not you, Brian.  You didn’t want Justin after the first time either, but he wouldn’t go away.  He doesn’t treat sex and relationships the way you do.  He needs to connect with people, you try not to.  He may have an attraction and an attachment to this Derek, but he loves you.  I’m sure Justin knows the difference, and I think you do too.”



“I did think that I should cut him some slack,” Brian admitted.



“But you didn’t?”



“No, I just couldn’t.  I made him choose, and he left.”



“Do you want him back?”



Brian looked at his bandaged hand.  “Yes,” he said with surety.  “I’m a mess without him.”  He hesitated.  “But sometimes I wonder if it’s worth the pain, especially for him.  He’d be better off without me.  I make him miserable too often.”



“Do you think he’s happy right now?”



“Probably not, but he could get over it.”



“Can you?”



“I don’t think so.”



“Then don’t assume that he can.”



Brian chuckled.  “Shit, Frank, you’re good.  You always turn it around so I see the other side.  Justin called me selfish, because I could have Noel and he couldn’t have Derek.  I don’t think he ever called me selfish before, but I am.  I only think about myself.”  Brian shook his head.



“Excuse me, Brian, but bullshit!  You just said he’d be better off without you.”



“Yeah, but I still want him back.  That’s selfish.”

“Then tell him that you want him back.  It’s his decision.  It has nothing to do with you being selfish or not.”



“You know, if I had told him not to go, I think he might have stayed.  Why can’t I be honest about my feelings?”



“Lack of practice.”  Frank’s eyes twinkled.



Brian chuckled again.  “That’s true, but I don’t get many opportunities to practise.”



“And when you do, you clam up.”



Brian nodded ruefully.  “So what am I going to do?”



“What do you want to do?”



“Talk to Justin.”



“Sounds good to me.  And...?”



“Tell him how I feel?”



Frank smiled.  “You’re a quick study.”

“Thanks, Frank.”  Brian stood up.  “Somehow I knew you would help me.  Would you talk to Justin, if I can get him to come to see you?”



“Of course, but don’t force it.  Justin needs to make his own decisions.”



Brian nodded and left.



He sat in the Jeep for a while, thinking about how to proceed.  He really did want Justin back, almost on any terms.  “Can I actually admit I need him that much?” he wondered.  He never showed weakness to anyone, but he had a feeling he would have to show it to Justin this time.  Justin was worth it.  Justin was everything he wanted and needed.



Was this love?  When you couldn’t see a future without the other person.  When the day was only worthwhile when the other person was there to come home to.  When you felt such joy and pain in the hands of the other person.  When you could drive glass into your hand and not realize you had done it because the other person hurt you more.  When you could share a meal, a song, a dance, a heart with the one person who made them smell better, sound better, taste better, feel better, just by being there.  And that other person, that one person, was Justin.



He punched Justin’s number on his cell phone.



“Hello,” Justin answered.



“Hey, it’s me,” Brian said.



“Oh?” Justin sounded remote.



“I need to talk to you.”



“What about?”



“Us.”



“Is there an ‘us’?”



“I hope so.  I have some things to tell you.  Can I pick you up?”



“All right, but I don’t want to fight.”



“Neither do I.”



“I’m at Debbie’s.  I’ll be out front.”



“Good.  Ten minutes.”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian turned into Deb’s street.  He saw Justin sitting on the porch steps.  His heart skipped a beat, his cock stirred and his stomach gave a little flip.  “Shit!” Brian thought.  “I can’t even look at him without all these feelings.”



He pulled to a stop and Justin got in.  Brian peeled away without saying a word.  He couldn’t talk, not yet.  He drove in silence, staring straight ahead.  Justin did the same, not even glancing at Brian.



After a few minutes Justin knew where they were going, and he smiled a little smile of contentment.  This was a good omen.  Brian pulled onto the shoulder by the river and got out.  Justin followed him down to their bench along the bank.  They both sat down, neither saying anything.



After a minute Brian turned to face Justin.  He looked deeply into those blue eyes, and saw trust, hope, love and the future.



“I love you,” he said.



Justin blinked and smiled.



“I know,” he said.  “I love you too, but it’s nice to hear you say it.”



“I really mean it,” Brian felt compelled to add.



Justin’s smile grew bigger, and he almost threw himself into Brian’s arms, but Brian raised his hand to stop him.



“It doesn’t solve everything though, does it?” he said.



“It sure helps.”



“That’s good.  I went to see Frank this morning.”



“You did?  By yourself?”



“Yes.  I’ve been a mess since you left.”  Brian looked at his bandaged hand and grimaced.



“What have you done?”  Justin reached for the injured hand, but Brian pulled it away.



“It doesn’t matter right now.  I have to say some things to you, and I’m not sure I can get through them.”



“You can tell me anything, Brian,” Justin said sincerely.



“I know, but I have to have the guts to get it out.”



“You have guts.”



Brian snorted.  “I’m really a coward.  If I never admitted that I love you, and need you, and can’t live without you, then I appeared strong.  But I’m admitting all this now.  My life is useless without you.  I’m a mess when you’re gone.  I want you back, but I don’t want to hurt you and make you miserable.  I don’t want to be selfish, but I need you.  I love you.”



“My God, Brian!  Do you mean that?”



“Yes.  Every sappy, but heartfelt word.”



Justin launched himself into Brian’s arms and welded his mouth to the mouth he had missed so much for the last few days.  The kiss was long and hard and urgent.  When he finally pulled back to look at Brian’s face, they were both breathless.



“I missed you so much,” Justin said.



“Me too!”



“What happened to your hand?” Justin asked, taking the bandaged hand gently into his own.



“I crushed a glass,” Brian said simply.



“Was it my head you were imagining?” Justin asked, eyes big.



“Shit, no!  It was what my heart felt like.  The pressure was unbearable after you left.”



“Oh, Brian,” Justin whispered, and laid his head against the older man’s chest.  He felt Brian shudder and kiss the top of his head.



“I love you so much,” Justin vowed.



“And I love you, but we always hurt each other.”



“I think intense feelings create extreme situations.”



“No shit!” Brian reacted.



Justin chuckled.  “You have such a way with words, Mr. Kinney.”



“I’m amazed I’ve found as many words to say as I have.”



‘I think you’ve done very well.  I’ve waited a long time to hear you say these things.”



“I mean them.”



“I know.  You always say what you mean.  That’s why this is so important to me, and to you.”



“Frank made me realize how much I hold back, and how different we are.”



“Different?  How?” Justin asked, curious.



“I told him about Derek.  He showed me that I was trying to make you treat Derek like I treated Noel.  But you’re not me.  He said you needed to connect with people, and I tried not to.  Yet I judge everything through the way I am, not through the way you would see it.”



“Wow!  Frank is a smart man.”



“You got that right!” Brian stated.



“So, are you saying I can be friends with Derek?”



“Ultimately that’s not for me to decide.  I’m saying you have to do what’s right for you.  I want you on whatever terms you decide.”



“God, Brian, I can’t believe you just said that!”



“Neither can I.  I’m a wuss!”



“No, you’re not.  That’s very brave and risky for you.”



“You think?”  Brian looked worried.



“I don’t love Derek.  I never have.  I am attracted to him and I like him, but I love you.  I want Derek as a friend, but I want to make a life with you.  I don’t think Derek and I will be involved sexually anymore.”



“You don’t?” Brian asked, surprised.  He had just given Justin permission to do anything he wanted.



“We were attracted physically, and still are, but he’s not you.  I really only want you, you big lug,” Justin said, poking Brian in the ribs.



“Why did you tell me about him in the first place?”



“I didn’t want another Ethan-type thing,” Justin said.  “We said we’d be honest.”



“And look where that got us!” Brian grimaced.



“We’re here now, aren’t we?”



Brian nodded.  “Maybe honesty is the best policy.”



“Yeah.  It may hurt at the time, but in the long run it’s for the best.”



“How did you get to be so smart at such a young age?”



“Oh, didn’t I tell you?  I’m a genius!” Justin gloated.



“Twat!” Brian replied, hugging him.



“Can we go home now?”



“You want to?”



“Of course!  I never wanted to leave.”



“And I didn’t want you to go!”



“Why didn’t you say so?” Justin asked.



“I’m emotionally challenged.  You know that.”



Justin laughed.  “We do have to work on that.  I’m glad you went to see Frank,” Justin said, looking solemn.



“So am I.  He really helped.  I don’t know if I could have done this without his support.”



“He’s a good guy.”



“The best!  He said he’d talk to you, if you wanted.”



“Do you think I should?”



“It’s up to you.  I just know that he helped me.”



“Maybe I will,” Justin said, thinking.



“Let’s go,” Brian said, standing up and pulling Justin into a hug.  He wrapped one arm around Justin’s waist and they headed up to the Jeep.



“I’m going to show you how much I’ve missed you as soon as I get you home,” Brian vowed, kissing Justin’s cheek.



“Is that a promise?” Justin asked, smiling his sunshine smile.



“It’s a guarantee!”



They got into the Jeep.



“Shit!” Brian said.



“What’s wrong?” Justin wanted to know.



“I just remembered.  There is some cleaning up to do at the loft.  It’s kind of disgusting.”



“Like what?” Justin asked.



Brian thought about the blood and the Beam, broken glass and a certain deposit under the sink.



“Oh, just me being a little messy after you left.”  He’d explain later, if he had to.  Right now he was too happy just having Justin back.  He’d worry about that stuff later.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



As soon as they hit the loft, they ripped off each other’s clothes and fucked until they were sated.  Being apart always made the sex more intense, and by late Sunday afternoon they were exhausted, but very happy.



Brian cradled Justin against his chest, content to just touch and look at the boy.  He ran his hands constantly over Justin’s arms and chest.  He felt so grateful to have him back, to be able to touch him and smell him and kiss him.



He sighed.



“What’s wrong?” Justin asked, looking up at Brian’s face.



“Nothing,” Brian responded.  “That was a sigh of contentment.”



“You, content?  I thought there was never enough.”



“You’re enough.  You’re everything.”



“I think that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me.”  Justin kissed his cheek.



Brian purred.  “I guess I should say more nice things to you.  Let you know how important you are to me.”



“That would be nice.”



“I really am a shitty lover.”



“No, you’re the best.  No one can compare to you.”


“Even Derek?”  As soon as Brian said it, he wished he could take it back.  He didn’t want to spoil this moment.



Justin sat up.  He looked into Brian’s eyes.  “How can I prove to you that you’re the one I want?  Even if there are others that I’m attracted to, I’ll always love you, not them.”



“How can you be sure?  I’m an asshole sometimes.  I know I’m not easy to live with.  I’m a fucked up mess,” Brian admitted, looking sad.



“But you’re my fucked up mess, and I love you.”



“That’s why I need you.  You’re so good for my ego.”



Justin giggled.  “I don’t think your ego needs any help.”



Brian looked at him intently.  “Sometimes it does, you know.”



“What?”  Justin stared at Brian.



“When you left me, I felt like a failure again.  I went to see Frank to figure out why I’m never enough.”



“Are you serious?” Justin couldn’t believe his ears.



“Do I look like I’m joking?” Brian scowled.



“No, you don’t.  Brian, you always seem so confident, so sure of yourself.”  Justin shook his head.



“Most of the time I am, but when it comes to ... relationships, I don’t have a clue.  I’m perpetually sure that I’m going to fuck it up, and I’m usually right.  Like when you leave me for someone else.”



“Oh, Brian,” Justin said, clinging to him even tighter.  “I love you.  I’m sorry.  I don’t mean to hurt you.”



“But you have.  We’ve hurt each other.”



“That’s true, but that isn’t all we’ve done.  Sometimes you have made me so happy, like when you just told me I was everything to you.  Have I made you happy too?”



“Remember that day we took Gus to the park.  I told you that would be my answer to the ‘What is the happiest day of your life?’ question.  It still stands, although having you come home today is a close second.”



Justin kissed him and smiled his sunshine smile.  “I love you, love you, love you!” he said.  “How do we get into these messes where we hurt each other?”



“I don’t know.  The Fates seem to have it in for us, or else we’re just natural born fuck-ups.”



“I don’t believe that.  We deserve to be happy.”



“Are you sure?”



“Yes, I am.  We’ve been through so much, but we always end up together, even with the detours we’ve had along the way.”



“That’s true.  I can’t imagine my life without you anymore.”



“Really?”  Justin looked a little scared.



“I didn’t mean to scare you.  That sounds like an awful responsibility to lay on you, but it’s how I feel.  When you were gone the last few days, I reverted to my old ways.  It’s no good.  I don’t want that life.  I want a life with you.”



“Me too.”  Justin sighed and kissed Brian’s cheek.  “Do you think we’ll get it right this time?”



“I doubt it,” Brian replied, tongue in cheek and twinkle in eye.



Justin smacked him.  “Brian,” he groaned.



“I think we’ll fuck up again.  We’re good at it, but I hope we’ll be smart enough to fix it before it gets too bad.”



“We will.  I know it,” Justin vowed.



“Ever the optimist!” Brian commented.



“Well, one of us has to be.”



“Are you calling me a pessimist?”



“You have your moments.”



“Yeah, I do, don’t I?”



“But I love you anyway,” Justin cooed.



“And I love you too, despite your optimism,” Brian teased.



“Asshole,” Justin giggled.



“Twat!” Brian said, tickling him.



“Stop!  Brian, let me go!”  Justin tried to escape Brian’s tickling fingers.



“Never,” Brian said, continuing to tickle.



“Stop, please!” Justin begged, breathless.



“What will you give me if I do?”



“Anything!  Please!”



“Be specific.”



“The greatest fuck of your life!” Justin promised.



“Don’t make claims you can’t produce,” Brian said, letting him up.  “Prove yourself!”



“Yes, sir.” Justin saluted, and started kissing him.



By the time he was through, Brian had to admit he had never been fucked like that before, but he hoped he would be again and again and again, for as long as they both lived.

Chapter 13 - Thanksgiving by Thyme

 

Thanksgiving  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



“Brian.”



“What?”



“Are you doing anything for Thanksgiving?”



“What?”



“You heard me.”



“You know what I think of holidays.”



“Yeah, but I like them.”



“Justin, what are you getting at?”



“Could we have Thanksgiving dinner here this year?  Invite the whole gang?”



“Have you lost your fucking mind?”



“Don’t be mean.  I’d like to do this.”



“I don’t do holidays.”



“Please, just this once.  It could be fun.”



“Fun?  It sounds like torture.”



“Come on, Brian.  I’ll make it worth your while.”



“How?”



“I don’t know.  I’ll think of something.”



“Why do you want to do this?”



“I always liked Thanksgiving, the food and family.  I don’t have that family anymore.  I’d like to do this for my new family, and Molly and Mom.”  Brian saw Justin trying to smile and look positive.  He felt the underlying pain in his words.  Justin had lost a lot on the road to this life he had chosen.



“Well ... maybe.  If you come up with a really good incentive program.”



“Like what?” Justin asked, suddenly looking brighter.



“You know I like it when you’re creative,” Brian said suggestively.



“You mean in bed?”



“Doesn’t have to be in bed.  It could be on the couch, on the floor, in the Jeep.”



“Brian,” Justin groaned.


“So have you come up with anything?”



“Gosh, give me a minute, will you?”



“I’m starting to feel horny just thinking about it.”



“I have a great idea!” Justin grinned.



“You do?  What?”



“But I can have Thanksgiving dinner here?  Right?” Justin asked, wanting to make sure they had an ironclad bargain that Brian couldn’t get out of.



“Sure.”



“And you’ll be here?”



“This better be good.  All right, I’ll be here.  I was hoping you might not ask that.”



“Just try it.  You might like it.”


“I doubt it.  Come on, I want my incentive.  Now!”


“Slave driver!” Justin retorted.



“Who’s the slave, me or you?”



“Umm,” Justin replied.  Brian could see the wheels turning.



“What are you planning?”



“I think you’d make a great slave,” Justin said, grinning.



“So would you!” Brian responded.



“I said it first.  Are you going to be a good slave or do I have to beat you?”



“Kinky,” Brian grinned.



“It could be fun, if you assume your subservient role.”



“I don’t think I’d be any good at that.”



“You never know.  You might like it.”



“Okay.  I’ll play.”



“Good little slave!  On your knees!”



“Yes, master,” and Brian dropped to his knees in front of Justin.



“Don’t move!” Justin ordered.



“Yes, master.”



Justin smiled and leaned over to give Brian a brief kiss of encouragement.  He felt Brian open his mouth and duel with his tongue.  Brian’s hand reached up to grab his bottom.



Justin stepped back and slapped Brian’s hand.



“I said not to move!” he said sharply.



“Sorry, master, but you’re so tempting.”  Brian tried to look contrite and seductive at the same time.



Justin suppressed a giggle.  “Stay absolutely still,” he ordered.  “I’m going to have my way with you, and you will do only what I tell you and exactly as I tell you.  Do you understand?”



“Yes, master.”



“Good,” Justin said, walking around behind Brian.



He saw Brian’s head turn slightly to see what he was doing.  “Don’t move, I said!”



Brian’s head snapped back in place.



Justin smiled.  He leaned on Brian’s shoulders and licked his ear.  When he blew in it, Brian groaned, but didn’t move.  He reached down and pulled Brian’s T-shirt over his head.  He tossed it aside.  Brian stayed still.  Justin ran his hands along Brian’s bare shoulders and down his arms.  He felt the flesh ripple in response.  He reached around to Brian’s chest and squeezed his breasts.  He tweaked each nipple.



“Umm,” Brian moaned, but didn’t move.



“Stand up,” Justin ordered.



Brian stood with his back still to Justin.  The boy ran his hands down Brian’s back and stopped at his ass.  He gave each cheek a squeeze.  He walked around to face his lover.  He ran his hands across Brian’s chest, and then his thumb traced the outline of Brian’s luscious lips.  He slipped a finger into that soft, warm mouth, and Brian sucked it eagerly.



Justin could see the bulge in Brian’s jeans.  He unzipped them and slowly slid them down Brian’s legs.  His hard-on sprang free and Justin kissed the tip as it bounced in front of him.  Brian groaned again, and Justin pushed the jeans to the floor.



“Step out,” he said.



Brian stepped back, free from the pants.  Justin tossed them on the couch.  Brian stood totally naked in front of his master.



“Impressive,” said Justin, surveying his slave.



Brian smiled.



Justin reached out and grabbed Brian’s cock.  He ran his thumb over the slit, and felt Brian shiver.



“Come with me,” he ordered, keeping hold of Brian’s cock and leading him by it to the bedroom.  “Lay down,” he said, pointing to the bed.  Brian did as he was told.  Justin knelt next to him and took his cock into his mouth.  He sucked gently on the tip, then buried his face in Brian’s pubic hair.  He loved the smell of this man.  His fingers squeezed Brian’s balls and the man gasped.  His cock dripped precum, and Justin noted the lust in Brian’s eyes.



He licked up one side of Brian’s cock and down the other, coating it with saliva.  He ran his tongue around the cap and took it into his mouth, sucking only the tip.  He felt Brian shiver.  He placed his hand around the base and deep-throated the entire shaft.  He held it there in his mouth while his other hand continued to play with Brian’s balls.  He felt the man squirm.



Justin released Brian’s cock, and commanded, “Stay still, or I’ll have to punish you!”



“Yes, master,” Brian gasped.



Justin smiled and started working Brian’s shaft.  He would suck it in, twist and turn his head around the delicious rod, suction the cap, then spit it out, dripping with saliva and precum.  He felt Brian tense up, and stopped, sensing Brian was too close to coming.



“Don’t come until I tell you you can,” he ordered.



Brian looked at him somewhat desperately.



“I’m waiting for the correct response,” he said sternly.



“Yes, master,” Brian whispered, closing his eyes and willing himself back in control.



“Good slave,” Justin said, kissing him.  He licked Brian’s lips and the inside of his mouth, knowing Brian could taste himself on Justin’s tongue.  He licked Brian’s ear and down his throat to the tender spot near his shoulder.  He nipped there and heard Brian moan.  He continued down, sucking on each nipple until they stood hard and wet.  His tongue traced a line down Brian’s stomach, around and into his navel, and finally back to his cock.  As his mouth enveloped Brian’s dick, he felt the man involuntarily push up.



“Bad slave!  You’ll have to be punished!”



Justin got up.  He positioned some pillows against the wall and sat against them on the bed.  He was still fully clothed.



“Slave,” Justin said.



“Yes, master,” Brian answered, not moving.



“Come here and lie across my lap.”

Brian sat up and looked at Justin.  He knew he was going to get a spanking, but just then he didn’t think that would be such a bad thing.  He smiled.



Justin saw the smile and decided what he would do.  As Brian laid across his lap, he opened his legs and made sure he caught Brian’s dick between them.  Then he closed his legs, effectively trapping Brian’s cock in his crotch.  He heard Brian’s gasp, and smiled.



Brian loved the sensation.  Justin’s jeans were just rough enough to be a turn-on, and warm enough to be almost like being inside Justin’s hole.  He had an overwhelming urge to start pumping, but he bit his lip and stayed still.  He savored the sensation, when suddenly he received a not too gentle smack on one buttock.



“Ow,” he said.



“Quiet, and take your punishment like a man,” Justin commanded.  He gave Brian three more good smacks, two for each cheek.



Brian felt the warmth spread across his ass, up his back and mostly to his groin.  He moaned, barely able to contain himself.



“I didn’t hit you too hard, did I?” Justin asked, concerned.



“No master, but you’re driving me crazy,” the slave replied.



“Good,” said Justin, regaining his composure.



He looked at Brian’s reddening ass and leaned over to kiss it and lick the reddest marks.  Brian thought he was going to self-combust.  The feel of Justin’s cool tongue and lips on the red hot areas of his ass was indescribable.  His cock was still between Justin’s legs, and as Justin bent over to kiss his sore bum, he squeezed Brian’s rigid shaft even more.



“God, Justin, I’m going to explode!” Brian cried.



Justin backed off.  “Not yet,” he ordered, releasing his grip on Brian’s cock.  He felt Brian relax a little, and breathe more normally.



“Lie on your stomach and close your eyes.”



Brian shifted off him, doing as he was told.



Justin quickly got rid of his clothes.  He straddled Brian’s legs and started to rim him.  His talented tongue darted in and out of Brian’s hole.  He felt Brian push back, but didn’t have the heart to punish him anymore.  His own cock was fully engorged, and he wanted nothing more that to fuck Brian’s brains out.  He wasn’t sure how much control he had left.  He had to give credit to Brian.  He had taken everything Justin had done to him like a good, obedient slave.



“Want me to fuck you, slave?” Justin whispered in Brian’s ear.



“Yes, master,” was the response.



“On your knees,” Justin ordered, as he slipped on a condom and lube.  Brian’s hole spasmed as he got in position.



“Ready?” Justin asked.



“Yes, master.  Do me!”  Brian’s voice was husky with need.



Justin laughed and pressed in.  Brian was always so tight.  He stopped part way in and waited for Brian to relax a bit, then he plunged in to the hilt.  Brian’s head flew up and he growled the most sensual, thundering, throaty sound Justin had ever heard.



“Like that, slave?” Justin asked, staying still.



“Oh, yes, master!”



Justin began a slow in and out motion.  He didn’t think either of them would last very long.  The foreplay had been too intense.



“You have my permission to come, when you’re ready,” Justin told Brian.  “Let’s come at the same time.”



“Thank you, master,” Brian said, deciding to make Justin pay a little for what he had done to him.  “I’ll tell you when I’m ready.”



Justin began to pound against Brian’s ass, his strokes becoming deeper and faster.



“Ready?” Justin asked, feeling his orgasm building.



“Not yet,” Brian gasped, struggling for control.



Justin continued his rhythm, not knowing how much longer he could keep this up.  He was sure Brian must need to come soon.



Brian wasn’t ready to give in.  His cock ached and throbbed.  He wanted to grab it and find blissful release, but he fought that urge.  The slave would become the master.



“Now?” Justin asked, urgency in his voice.



“Not yet,” Brian said, hearing the need in Justin’s voice.  “You’re going to lose it soon, my little master,” he thought.



Justin decided to up the pressure.  He pushed Brian’s head down and raised his ass, making sure to hit his prostate with each stroke.



“Ahhh!” Brian groaned.



“Ready now?” Justin panted.



“Not yet, master.”  Brian gritted his teeth, holding on.



“He’s punishing me,” Justin thought.  He rammed in fully and leaned over Brian’s back.  He could feel their combined sweat pooled on Brian’s back.  He entwined his fingers with Brian’s and whispered in his ear, “Just think of all the creative things I can do with Thanksgiving gravy and pumpkin pie and whipped cream.”  With each food item he thrust deeply into Brian’s ass.  On ‘whipped cream’ Brian shuddered and shouted, “Now!!!”  He and Justin came in a blinding orgasm that left them both senseless.



Minutes later, neither knew how long, Justin rolled off Brian’s back.  “Are you all right?” he gasped.



Brian groaned, “Are we dead?”



“Maybe.”



“I can’t move.”



“You’re not my slave anymore.  You can move if you want.”



“No, I can’t.  It’s physically impossible.”



Justin giggled.  “Come on, old man.  I’ll help you.”  He rolled Brian over onto his back and snuggled up against his chest.  “I thought you would never come,” Justin admitted.



“I did my best not to, until the whipped cream comment.”



“I was desperate.”



“Mind games,” Brian sneered.



“The mind is mightier than the rod,” Justin proclaimed.



Brian laughed.  “Yeah.  You just proved that.”



“So I can have the Thanksgiving dinner with all the gang, and you’ll be there on your best behavior?”



“I never said anything about my behavior.”



“But you’ll be there?”



“Yes, master.”



Justin smiled and kissed him.  “I love you.”



“Not any time soon, I hope.”



“I could go again,” Justin challenged.



“Could not!”



“Could so!”



“Save it for later.  I need some rest.”



“As a matter of fact, so do I.  Let’s sleep.”



“Your wish is my command, master,” Brian agreed, closing his eyes, relieved that Justin didn’t want to go again.



“I could get used to this master/slave thing,” Justin said, yawning.



“Next time you’re the slave,” Brian stated, snuggling against Justin.



“Deal,” Justin said, drifting off to sleep.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin spent the next week organizing his dinner.  He called everyone and they all agreed to come.  Almost everyone had some rude comment like “Does Brian know about this?” or “Is this a joke?” or “Will Brian be there?”.  Justin gave his assurances to each of them.  He refused to allow anyone to bring anything, wanting to do this all himself.  He made his list of what he needed and forced Brian to go shopping with him, mainly to help carry things.



As they pulled into the grocery store lot, Brian saw a store selling Thanksgiving hams, all cooked and sliced, just needing to be reheated.



“Let’s do that,” Brian said.  “It’ll be easier.”



“No, I want a turkey,” Justin said.



“Are you sure?”



“Yes. It’s tradition.”



“Okay,” Brian gave in.



They bought everything they needed.  The store was packed, it being only two days before Thanksgiving.  They found a beautiful twenty pound frozen turkey.  Justin bought potatoes, yams, broccoli, carrots and cranberry sauce.  He had asked his mother for her pumpkin pie recipe and was determined to make his own pies.  He had a list of all the ingredients he needed.  They had to buy everything, because Brian had so few supplies in the kitchen.  Brian convinced him to buy frozen pie shells, remembering the concrete crusts of his mother’s pies.  Pies weren’t her thing.  Cakes were.



Loaded down, they returned to the loft.  It took two trips, with each of them carrying as much as they could, to get all of the food up to the loft.  Justin stowed everything away, putting the turkey in the fridge to thaw, and smiling to himself as he put away the three containers of whipped cream.



Brian had brought a folding table and chairs from work.  It was only Tuesday night, but Justin wanted to set it up and make sure they had enough spaces for everyone.  They had bought a new table cloth and napkins to fit the larger table.  Brian’s china had service for twelve, and they set it all out.



Justin stopped all of a sudden and gasped, “Oh, my God, Brian!”



“What?  What’s wrong?”



“With Gus, we have thirteen for dinner!”



“So,” Brian said, “Gus doesn’t need the same plates as everyone else.  He’ll be in his high chair.”



“That’s not what I mean.  Thirteen!  The Last Supper!  Bad luck!”



“Don’t be silly!  You don’t believe that nonsense, do you?”



“I guess not,” Justin said, still worried.



“Gus hardly counts as thirteen.  More like twelve and a half,” Brian said, trying to reassure him.  “It’ll be fine.”



“Maybe,” Justin conceded.



Brian pulled Justin into a hug and kissed him gently.  “Your dinner’s going to be wonderful.  Don’t worry.”



“I hope so,” Justin said, returning Brian’s kiss.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian went to work on Wednesday, while Justin stayed home to make his pies.  When Brian arrived home around 6 pm, the loft smelled delicious.



“Smells great in here,” he said, taking off his jacket.



“Thanks,” said Justin.  “The pies turned out great.”



“Can we have some now?” Brian asked.



“No, they’re for tomorrow,” he said definitely.



“What’s for dinner?” Brian asked.



“Take-out?  I was too busy,” Justin apologized.



“I’ll order Thai,” Brian said.



“Thanks.”



Brian made the call, changed his clothes and opened a bottle of wine.  They sat on the couch, nursing their wine, while they waited for dinner to arrive.



“Is all of this fuss going to be worth it?” Brian had to ask.



“Of course.  It’s going to be great.”



Brian shook his head, but didn’t want to rain on Justin’s parade, so he said no more.



They ate at the coffee table, talking about the dinner arrangements and sipping their wine.  Brian was pleased to see Justin so happy.  It would be worth the disruption and bother, if his boy was happy and satisfied.



He reached over and rubbed the back of Justin’s neck, as Justin ate on the floor in front of him.  He felt Justin lean back against his leg.  Justin looked up at him and smiled his sunshine smile.  Brian leaned over and kissed him, getting some of his Thai noodles along with the kiss.



“Yum,” he said, probing deeper.



Justin pulled away.  “Hey, feed yourself,” he giggled.



“I like it pre-chewed,” Brian retorted, sucking on his lip.



“Gross,” Justin said.  “What are you, a baby bird?”



“Big Bird!”



Justin snorted and choked on his noodles.  “Yeah.  Big, all right!  Hey, I wonder if the turkey’s thawed yet,” he said.



“Why don’t you check it?  It will take all day to cook, it’s so big,” Brian said.



Justin got up and went to the fridge.



“Oh, no!” Brian heard him say.



“What’s wrong?”  Brian asked.



“It hasn’t even started to thaw, Brian.  It’s hard as a rock!”



“Really?  Let’s see.”  Brian came over and tapped the bird.  It was solid ice, no give at all.  Justin groaned, and looked ready to cry.



“What does it say about defrosting?” Brian asked.



They read the fine print which gave a ratio of pounds to hours in the fridge to thaw.



“I’m not great at math, but I think this will be thawed out next Tuesday,” Brian said, chuckling.



“How can you laugh?  What am I going to do?”  Justin was frantic.



“It says you can thaw it in cold water,” Brian said, continuing to read.



“How long?” Justin asked.



“Saturday,” Brian calculated.



“Shit,” Justin groaned.



“What about hot water?” Brian offered.



“Oh, sure!  Then we can kill our guests with salmonella!”



Brian smiled wickedly.



“Don’t you dare think like that!” Justin demanded.  “Or laugh!”



Brian fought back the laugh bubbling up inside him.



“Could we get a fresh one somewhere?” Justin asked.



Brian looked at Justin’s watch.  “It’s 8:30.  The stores will be closing soon.  Stick that in the fridge, and let’s go see,” Brian suggested, taking pity on the boy.



In the Jeep, Justin kept saying, “Hurry!”  as they sped toward the market.  They raced into the store to find an empty freezer where the turkeys had been.  They went to the meat counter and the butcher came over.



“Do you have any fresh turkeys?” Brian asked.



“Sorry, but you have to order fresh ones,” the butcher said.



“We have a frozen one, but we’ll never get it thawed by tomorrow,” Brian explained.



“How big?” the butcher asked.



“Twenty pounds.”



“Is it still totally frozen?”



“Yeah, is there anything we can do?”



“Not much,” he said, shaking his head, and turning away.



“Thanks a heap!” Brian said sarcastically.  “We’re screwed!” he said to Justin.



The look on Justin’s face drew him up short.



“Come on, Sunshine.  It’ll be all right.  We’ll think of something.”



He took Justin’s hand, and pulled him along out of the store.  It was ten to nine.  Everything would be closed in a few minutes.  Justin seemed to be in a state of shock.  As Brian headed them to the Jeep, he saw the Honey Baked Ham store, and a light went on.  It wasn’t a turkey, but they would be able to feed their guests.  He dragged Justin along, as he ran to the store.  The salesclerk was cleaning up, getting ready to close.



“Do you have a ham big enough for twelve people?” Brian asked.



“Sure,” the girl said, giving them the once over.



“What do you have to do to cook them?” Brian asked.



“Just reheat, a few hours.  Here’s the instruction booklet with a recipe for a glaze to put on the ham.”  The clerk handed him a little pamphlet.



“I’ll take one,” Brian said.



“For twelve?” she repeated.  Brian nodded.  She took a whopper hunk of meat from a fridge and set it on the counter.  “It’s spiral cut, so you just have to slice through this way,” she said, demonstrating where to cut.



“Great,” said Brian.



“That’s one twelve,” she said, ringing it up.



“One hundred and twelve dollars?” Brian asked, not believing his ears.



“It’s a big ham,” she said.



“Sure,” Brian said, handing her his credit card.  “Must be coated in fucking gold,” he mumbled to himself.



She gave him the evil eye.  Brian signed the credit card slip, grabbed the ham and pulled Justin along to the Jeep.  Justin hadn’t said a word.



They got in the Jeep, the ham safely stowed in the back seat.  Brian headed to the loft.  Justin still hadn’t spoken.



“At least we can feed everybody,” Brian said, trying to cheer him up.



“I wanted a turkey,” Justin sniffled.



“Well, you’ve got a fucking one hundred and twelve dollar ham, and you’re going to enjoy it!  Do you hear me?”



“Yes, Brian.”  Justin took a deep breath.  “Thanks.”



“It’ll be fine, Sunshine.”



“Yeah, you’re right.  I’m being stupid.  Thanks for saving the day.”



“No problem.  I just went into Rage mode.”



Justin laughed.  “It’s nice to have my own superhero to clean up my catastrophes.”



“Anytime,” Brian grinned.



When they got to the loft, Brian put the ham in the fridge and gave Justin the pamphlet of instructions.  Justin went over to the couch and started reading.



Brian joined him.  “You can read that tomorrow,” Brian said, nuzzling Justin’s neck and squeezing his crotch.



“Stop!  I don’t want any more bad surprises.  I want to make sure I know what to do with this ham.”  He continued to read.



Brian slid away from him and turned on the TV.  After a few minutes Justin set the pamphlet down and smiled.



“I can do that.  I think I have everything to make the glaze too.  It has a lot of the same things I used in the pies.”



“Whoopee shit!” Brian said sarcastically.



Justin leaned across Brian’s body, pushing Brian over, and making sure their crotches rubbed together.  Brian feigned disinterest, being pissed at Justin’s brush-off a few minutes earlier.  Justin continued to rub and kiss.  He could feel that he was having the desired effect.



“Are you going to let me thank you?” Justin cooed.



“I guess,” Brian gave in, “but this fucking dinner better be over soon.  It’s giving me a huge headache.”



“We can do something to relieve the stress,” Justin said, unzipping Brian’s pants.



A little while later Brian’s headache was gone and he had forgotten all about the dinner.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Thanksgiving Day dawned bright and cold.  Justin was up early preparing the vegetables.  Brian decided to help, and sat at the counter peeling carrots and chopping them.  He watched Justin who hummed a little non-descript tune as he worked.  He gave Justin a hard time, but he loved doing little things like this with his boy.  It felt like the family he had never had.



“I love you, you know,” Brian said.



“I know.  I love you too.”  Brian saw the sunshine smile that he loved light up Justin’s face.  “Who else would pay for a $112 ham to fix my mess?”



“You’re worth it,” Brian said.



Justin’s smile got even bigger.  “Keep chopping, you sweet talker, you!”



Brian chuckled.  They had come a long way in communicating.  Brian thought, “I can tell him I love him, and mean it.  I even kind of know what it means.”  Brian smiled to himself.



“What are you smiling about?” Justin asked.



“I was thinking that we do have some things to be thankful for today,” Brian said seriously.



“Yeah, we do,” Justin agreed.  “See you’re getting into the spirit of this day.”



“Well, I wouldn’t go that far.”



Justin stuck his tongue out at him, and Brian laughed.



Dinner was to be at 4 pm, so Gus could be part of it, but still get to bed in good time.  Everyone started arriving around three.  The loft smelled wonderful, a lovely fragrance of the ham wafting from the oven.  All of the vegetables were ready to be turned on in a little while.  The table looked great.  Justin had collected some fallen leaves and spread them over the table to give a fall effect.  Everyone complimented him on how great the place looked and smelled.



Brian served beer and wine, and played the perfect host.  Everybody seemed happy and relaxed, even Brian.



When they finally sat down to the meal, they were in high spirits.  Everyone proclaimed the ham to be delicious.  Justin accepted the compliments, but gave Brian a wink.  Gus was on his best behavior.  Brian fed him pieces of ham and carrot and dollops of mashed potato.  They all talked and joked.



“This was a great idea, Justin,” Emmett commented.  “The loft’s a great place for a party.  Lots of room.”



“Depends on the party,” Michael noted.



Everyone looked at him, remembering his birthday party.



“What?” Ben asked.  “Is this a party I should know about?”



So they told him, about Captain Astro, about David, about Michael’s outing to Tracy, about Brian getting punched in the mouth.



“Wow, Brian, you do throw quite a bash,” Ben commented.



“Somebody already used that line on me,” Brian said, looking at Ted.



“It was quite a party,” Ted stated.



“And everything turned out for the best,” Michael added, giving Ben a kiss.



“Yeah, things have turned out well,” Debbie said.  She got up and gave Brian a kiss on the cheek.



“What was that for?” Brian asked, surprised.



“For having this dinner, and ... you know.”



Brian smiled and kissed her back.  Gus banged on his high chair, wanting out.



“Up, Dada,” he said.



Brian picked him up and took him over to the window.  Molly followed, watching Brian and Gus.  All three looked out, pointing to buildings and clouds.



Justin watched for a minute, then started clearing the dishes for dessert.  Emmett and Lindsay helped, while Debbie cut the pies and Jennifer topped them with whipped cream.



“These look good,” Debbie said.



“My recipe,” Jennifer noted, “but Justin made them himself.  It’ll be interesting to see how they taste.”



“I bet they’re good.  Justin’s had a lot of practice cooking for Brian.  He learns fast.”

“They seem happy,” Jennifer observed.



“Yeah,” Deb agreed.  “Who’d a thunk it?”



The pies were a big hit.  Even Brian ate his, whipped cream and all, although he did share with Gus, who loved it too.  When the pie was finished, Vic stood up and proposed a toast.  “To our hosts and chefs, Justin and Brian!”



Everyone took their glass or bottle and drank to Brian and Justin’s good health.  Soon after, people started taking their leave.  Gus kissed his Dada and Justin, and went home with his mommies.  The others soon followed suit, all saying they should do this more often.  Brian helped Justin finish cleaning up.  They put the table down and stacked the chairs.  Finally they each took a glass of wine to the couch and collapsed together.



“Thank God, that’s over!” Brian said.



“It was great!  You enjoyed it, didn’t you?”



Brian made a face.  “It wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Everybody seemed to have a good time.”



Justin kissed Brian.  “Thanks for bailing me out with the solid gold ham.  It was delicious.”



“Money well spent,” Brian acknowledged.



“We’ll have lots of leftovers for the weekend.”



“Great!” Brian said sarcastically.  “I love leftovers.”

“I’ll make sandwiches for lunch.”



“Sure.  Is there any whipped cream left?”



“Yes. Why?”



“I was thinking about sculpting something, like at Emile’s.”



Justin blushed, remembering.



“Or we could play slave and master,” Brian suggested.



Justin grinned.  “Brian, you didn’t hate today, did you?”



“No.  It was fine.  Better than I expected.”



“Why don’t you like holidays?”



Brian grimaced, and decided to be honest.  “They were just an excuse for my father to get drunk.”



“Really?  You never enjoyed Christmas or Thanksgiving?”



“Not that I remember.  When my dad got drunk enough, I’d get the shit kicked out of me.  Later when we moved here, I’d escape to Deb’s.”



“I’m sorry.”



“It’s not your fault.”



“But you shouldn’t have had to live through that.”



“Water under the bridge.”



“Right.  We can make some new traditions.  Happy ones.”



“Sure,” said Brian.



“We could have that turkey for Christmas,” Justin said hopefully.



He heard Brian groan.



“Sorry.  I won’t push it.”



Brian smiled.  “Now, about that whipped cream.”



“Coming right up!”  Justin headed to the refrigerator.



Brian watched his delicious backside disappear behind the counter.



“I do have something to be really thankful for today,” Brian said, smiling at Justin.



“Oh, what?” Justin asked, returning with the container of whipped cream.



“I’m very thankful that you have to be the slave this time,” Brian said lasciviously.  He took the whipped cream and motioned Justin to sit down on the couch.  “I’ve been planning this all day.”



“Oh,” Justin said, knowing he was in for it now.



“Slave,” said Brian.



“Yes, master,” Justin replied, and so it began.

Chapter 14 - Heartache and Afternoon Delight by Thyme

 

Heartache and Afternoon Delight  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Brian opened the loft door.  It was 8:30 and he had a pounding headache.  Work had been a bugger.  His idiot underlings had fucked up the presentation for tomorrow, and he had spent the last four hours fixing it.  Usually he could rely on Kevin, but even he had screwed up this time.  Brian wanted something to eat, and then some sleep.  Maybe that would help to stop the thumping drum inside his head.



He glanced around and didn’t see Justin.



“Shit!” he thought.  “I was hoping he’d have some dinner ready.”



He walked up to the bedroom and got rid of his suit.  He pulled on some jeans and a T-shirt, and went to the kitchen.  He opened the fridge to find the parlor bare.



“Fuck!” he said aloud, and slammed the refrigerator door.



“Brian,” a voice said.



Brian jumped.  “What the fuck?”



He walked over to the couch and saw Justin sitting on the floor, his back against the couch and his feet under the coffee table.



“You scared the shit out of me.  I didn’t think you were here.  What the fuck are you doing?”


Justin merely stared up at him, a strange look on his face.



“Justin, answer me.”



“I’m not sure how to answer you.”



“What?”



“You asked what I was doing.  I was thinking.”



“Why didn’t you say something when I came in?”



“I don’t know.  I sort of heard you, but my mind was somewhere else.”  Justin looked kind of scared.



“What’s going on?  What were you thinking about?”



“All of the people we’ve hurt, and who have hurt us.”



“What the fuck for?”  Brian was shocked.



“It’s quite a list, when you put them all together.”



“I don’t give a fuck about any of them.”



“I know, but don’t you wonder why it’s such a long list?”



“I never think about it.”



“Maybe you should.”



“What the fuck for?  So I can be sad like you?”



Justin winced, and said nothing.



“Get up.  I want something to eat.  I’m going to order Chinese,” Brian said, pulling Justin’s arm.



Justin made no move to get up.  He didn’t resist, but he didn’t help either.  Brian dropped his arm and left him sitting there, while he went to the desk to order dinner.  That done, he came back to the couch and sat down next to Justin.



“Justin, stop this!  Come up here and sit beside me.”



Justin looked up, and slowly with seemingly enormous effort, he got off the floor and sat next to Brian.



“I have the mother of all headaches, and I’ve had a fucking lousy day at work.  I don’t need this shit, Justin.”



“I’m sorry, but it’s something I got thinking about this afternoon.  Are we bad people, Brian?”



“Fuck!  No!  Stop this!”



“I wish I could, but once I got started, I couldn’t stop.  We must be horrible people to have all this happen to us.”



“That’s crazy.  We’re no saints, but we’re not fucking monsters either.”



“But listen.  There’s Chris Hobbs, my dad, the Sap, Kip Thomas, Ethan, Noel, even Gardner Vance.”



“Shut up, Justin!  You’ll drive us both crazy rehashing this.”



“But they all hate us,” Justin said.  “Why do so many people hate us?”



“They’re jealous of us, of what we have.”



“Maybe so, but look at what they’ve done to us.”



“I don’t want to look at what they’ve done.  I want you to fucking stop this.  Right now!  Do you hear me?”



“Yes.”



“Good.  The food will be here soon.  Do you want a beer?”



“No.”



“I’m getting one, and some aspirins,” Brian said, getting up.



Justin sat, saying nothing.



Brian got his beer and a couple of aspirins.  The buzzer sounded, announcing that dinner had arrived.  He paid the man and set the food out on the coffee table.  He got some plates and cutlery and brought them over.  Justin sat, saying nothing.



After opening the containers, Brian dished up a plateful of food.  He extended it toward Justin, but the boy shook his head.



Brian shrugged and started eating it.  It tasted fine, but he wasn’t enjoying it with Justin sitting silent and rigid beside him.  Finally, with half his food eaten, Brian couldn’t stand it anymore.  He dropped the plate onto the coffee table, causing a loud crash.



Justin jumped.



“Do I have your attention?” Brian asked.



Justin looked at him.



“I want this shit to stop!” Brian said, enunciating each word carefully.



“We don’t always get what we want,” Justin replied.



“Fuck!  I’m going to bed,” Brian said, getting up.



“Don’t, please!  I think we should talk about this.”  Justin grabbed his arm, preventing Brian from moving away.



“This is getting us nowhere,” Brian stated, but he made no further attempt to leave.



“Sit down, please, and I’ll try to explain.”



Brian looked at him, deciding what to do.  With a sigh he sat back down.  He really didn’t want to talk about this, but he knew that Justin needed to.



“So,” Brian said, “what do you want to talk about?”



“Why.”



“Why?’ Brian asked.



“Why all those people did what they did.”



“Their reasons weren’t all the same.”



“I know, but I can’t come to terms with why so many people seem to hate us.  I’ve always tried to be nice to people, but I wasn’t going to let them push me around.”



“And I’m rarely nice to people, and I sure as shit wasn’t going to let them push me around.”



“Yeah,” he agreed.  Justin stared at him for a moment.  “Do you think it’s because we’re gay?”



Brian snorted.  “Of course,” he sneered.  “They either hate us like Hobbs and your dad, or lust after us till they learn to hate us.”



Justin looked shocked.  Brian was right.  Hobbs and his dad were in a special category, but the others had started out as lovers, or tricks, and then come to hate them.  “You’re right,” Justin agreed.  “I wonder why it always went bad?”



“They wanted more than we were willing to give them.”



“I suppose, and when we refused them, they did terrible things.”


“Yeah, lawsuits, blackmail,” Brian said, shaking his head.



“Craziness!”



“Pretty fucking loony!” Brian agreed.



“They’re crazy, but what about us?”



“Are you calling me nuts?”



Justin smiled, for the first time all evening, seeming to relax.  “No, totally unreasonable and impossible most of the time, but not nuts.”



“Well, thanks a heap!  That’s a ringing endorsement.”



Justin kissed him.  “How’s your head?”



“Better, since I took the aspirin.”



“Want me to help relieve your tension?”



“That would be great, since you’ve been adding to it for the last couple of hours.”  Brian wasn’t ready to be kind.



“I’m sorry,” Justin said softly.  “Do you think we should try to talk to all those people?”



“What the fuck for?  So they can hurt us some more?”



Justin was surprised.  It wasn’t often that Brian admitted to being hurt.  “I thought we might be able to fix things, a bit.”



“Justin, you do what you want, but I’m not into mending fences with that bunch of assholes.  I say, stay away from them, the farther the better.”



“I don’t know.  I’d like better relationships with my dad and your boss.  I don’t like it when people hate me.”



“I say fuck ‘em!”



“All right.  I’ll leave it for now.”



“Good.  Did you say something about tension relief?”



“Yes, Brian,” Justin said, running his thumb over Brian’s luscious bottom lip.



Brian kissed Justin, sticking his tongue down the boy’s throat.  Justin moaned that lovely throaty sound Brian loved to hear.  He tugged Justin’s T-shirt up and over his head.  He tugged on Justin’s nipple ring with his teeth.  Justin groaned.



“Maybe I can get rid of this headache, and make him forget about those assholes he’s worrying about,” Brian thought.  He gave his attention to the other nipple.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin made no further reference to the people who hated them.  Brian was grateful for that.  He didn’t want to think about that pack of shits, and he sure didn’t want Justin dwelling on all the bad things that had happened to them.



For the next week things seemed to be normal.  Brian and Justin went to work and to school, ate dinner together most nights, went to Babylon a couple of times and had the usual quota of sex.  Justin never brought up the subject of their enemies, and that caused Brian a nagging worry.  It wasn’t like Justin to give up so easily.



One night as Brian arrived home in the Jeep, he saw Justin racing down the street.  Before Brian could call to him, Justin flew into the apartment building.  Brian parked the Jeep, wondering what was going on.  He made his way up to the loft and found Justin frantically making dinner.



“You’re early,” Justin said, looking worried.  “I thought I’d have this ready when you got home.”



“I’m not starving,” Brian said.  “I saw you running down the street.  Why the hurry?”



“I wanted to have dinner ready for you.”



“You don’t have to do that.  Why were you late?”



“I ... had a project to finish.”  Brian noted the hesitation, and wondered why Justin was lying to him.



“Oh,” Brian said.  “I’ll get changed and give you a hand.”



“Thanks,” Justin replied.



That was the first lie.  There were more to come.



The next day Justin wasn’t there when Brian arrived from work.  Brian changed and ordered take-out, expecting Justin to come home at any minute.  By 9:30 Brian had picked at the take-out, downed several beers, and was beginning to worry about Justin’s continued absence.



A little after ten the loft door opened and a tired looking Justin walked in.



“Hey,” Brian said.  “Where have you been?”



“Umm ... working on my project.”



“Another lie,” Brian thought.  “You look tired.  There’s some take-out in the fridge,” he said to Justin.



“I’m not hungry.”  That made Brian’s radar blink.



“Is something wrong?”



“No ... I’m just tired.”



“Lie number two,” Brian counted to himself.  “What’s going on, Justin?” Brian asked.



“Nothing.  I’ve just been busy.  I’m going to take a shower and go to bed.”



“I’ll join you,” Brian said, turning off the computer.



Justin hesitated for a fraction of a second, then his sunshine smile sort of appeared, and he said, “Sure.”



Brian heard the little voice in his head whisper a warning, but he didn’t want to listen to it.



He followed Justin into the shower and began soaping the boy’s back.  He felt Justin lean back against him, and he wrapped his arms around Justin’s chest.  The warm water poured over them, but he felt Justin shiver.



“What’s going on?” he whispered in Justin’s ear.



He felt Justin stiffen.  The boy turned around and kissed Brian, hard.  He reached down and grabbed Brian’s growing erection.



“Let’s go to bed,” he said, stepping out of the shower.  Brian looked at him, and followed.  They quickly dried each other off, rubbing and kissing strategic areas.  By the time they were dry, they were both ready.  Once on the bed, Brian quickly entered Justin from behind, as they spooned together.  He sensed that Justin didn’t want to look at him right now.  He made slow, delicious love to Justin, hoping to make his lover feel better.  He knew something was wrong, and if this couldn’t solve it, it might help on some level.



When they both came, Brian held Justin tight against his chest, his back still to Brian.  Brian could feel Justin’s heart pounding from their exertions, but then the boy sighed.



Brian had to ask again, “Justin, tell me what’s wrong.”



Justin squirmed around to face him.  He plastered his best sunshine smile on his face, and said, “That was nice, Brian.  Nothing’s wrong.”  Brian saw no smile in Justin’s eyes.



A huge yawn came next.  “Nothing’s wrong.  Really.”



Brian wasn’t sure if he should pursue it further, but Justin decided that for him by turning over, closing his eyes and giving every appearance of falling asleep.  Brian looked at him intently, tempted to call him on his fake sleep, but decided against it.  He snuggled closer to Justin making sure one arm draped protectively over the boy.  Before long they both actually were asleep.



In the morning Brian tried once more to get Justin to talk, while they shaved.  Justin brushed off Brian’s questions, saying he had this big project due soon, and had been working long hours on it.  That’s why he was so tired.  Brian thought his lover still looked tired, although they had both slept pretty well.



Not getting anywhere with his inquiries, Brian determined to use other methods to find out what was going on.  He dropped Justin at the IFA, called Cynthia to tell her he’d be late, and headed for the comic book store.



Michael was happy to see him.  Brian got right to the point.  “Have you and Justin been working on Rage lately?”



“Not too much.  Why?”



“There’s something going on and he won’t talk to me about it.”



“Not another Ethan thing?”



“I don’t think so.”



“Good,” Michael said, looking relieved.  “One of those incidents was more than enough.”



“Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary with him?”



Michael thought for a moment.  “A couple of days ago, when I went by the apartment after I closed the store, Justin was there with Emmett.  He looked upset, but he said he was delivering some Rage drawings.  He sort of threw them at me and took off.  I thought it was strange that he’d take the drawings to the apartment, instead of the store.  I’m hardly ever there.”



“He seemed upset?” Brian asked, picking up on that one remark of Michael’s.



“Yeah.  Edgy, kind of agitated.”



“Did he say anything?”



“Not about that.  Maybe Emmett would know more.  They were talking seriously when I got there.”



“Thanks, Mikey.  If you see Justin, try to find out whatever you can.”



“Sure.  Do you think it’s something serious?”



“I wish I knew.  I fucking hate it when he gets quiet like this.  I’m going to get to the bottom of whatever’s going on.”



“Good luck,” Michael said, as Brian closed the door behind him.



Brian went to work, but had a lot of trouble concentrating.  His mind kept creating various scenarios of what might be wrong with Justin.  They ran the gamut from trivial problems like trouble at work to life shattering events like a fatal illness.  His brain gave him no peace.



He called Emmett and asked him to meet him at Woody’s after work.  Emmett tried to get out of it, but Brian persisted, and finally Emmett agreed.  “He knows something,” Brian thought when he hung up.



Brian arrived at Woody’s before Emmett.  “He better show up,” Brian thought, as he ordered a beer and found a quiet table.  About ten minutes later Emmett arrived, not looking thrilled to see Brian.



“Hoping I’d leave, if you were late?” Brian asked.



“Of course not,” Emmett replied, but the look on his face said that that was exactly what he had hoped.



Brian wasn’t sure about how to approach the subject of Justin, so he decided head-on would be best.  “Michael tells me you and Justin have been having clandestine meetings.”



Emmett visibly cringed.  “Nothing’s going on, Brian,” he said, hoping his voice didn’t sound too scared.



“And I say something is going on, and you’re going to tell me.”

“I can’t,” Emmett said, looking pathetic.



“Oh, yes you can.  Spill!” Brian ordered.  He saw Emmett’s back straighten.  “Oh, oh,” he thought.  “He’s not going to tell me.”



“I promised Justin to keep his confidence, and you’re not going to bully it out of me!”  Emmett started to get up.



Brian grabbed his arm.  “Wait!  Please.”  He decided to take a different tack.  “I’m worried about him.  He’s not sick, is he, or in some kind of trouble?”



Emmett softened a little at Brian’s genuine concern.  “No, he’s not sick or in trouble.”



“Can you give me a hint?  I want to help him.”



Emmett seemed to be weighing his options.  After a minute of dithering, he said, “You could talk to his father.”



“His father?”


Emmett nodded.



“Talk to his father about what?”



“I can’t say any more,” Emmett said, standing up.



“His father won’t talk to me,” Brian pleaded.



Emmett merely shrugged and left.



Brian remained at Woody’s for another hour.  He ordered several double Beams, trying to decide what to do.  He was sure this had something to do with Justin’s worry about people hating him.  Why did it matter?  Brian’s philosophy consisted of fuck ‘em and forget ‘em, but he had learned with Frank’s help that Justin’s psyche didn’t work that way.  He wanted to connect with people.  He wanted to be liked.  He wanted to be loved.



Brian came to the conclusion that Justin must have made contact with his father again.  It would stand to reason that he would go first to the most important person to him on that list.  He wondered how Craig Taylor had reacted.  By Justin’s recent mood, he didn’t think Craig had responded well to Justin’s overtures.  He wondered what Craig had said or done to Justin.  It couldn’t be good.  When would Justin learn to forget about bigoted assholes like his father?  The answer was never, because Justin lived in hope that he could make things better.  All that that hope would get him would be heartache.



Justin would be willing to take far too much shit to get back in his father’s good graces.  Brian decided he would have to talk to Craig Taylor.  He didn’t like the way Justin had been acting, lying to him, and growing small and closed in front of his eyes.  He knew his father must be the source of these changes.  He also didn’t like Justin’s occasional sunshine facade that he knew hid something much darker.  That really scared him.



Brian dialed information and got Craig’s number and address.



“Now what do I do?” he mumbled to himself.  He didn’t think Craig would talk to him on the phone.  He’d just hang up.  He probably wouldn’t let him into his home.  Maybe he should go to Craig’s office, tomorrow.



Brian finally headed home.  He hoped to find the old Justin there, and make a meeting with shithead Craig Taylor unnecessary.  Justin had dinner ready, but said very little. He used his sunshine facade when Brian asked him a direct question, but otherwise he was closed and silent.  His eyes told the story, empty and weary.  Brian had to try once more.



“So what have you been up to lately?” Brian asked.



Justin gave a weak, fake smile.  “Nothing much.  Working on my project.”



“How’s it going?”



“All right.”



“What’s it about?”



“Umm ... oh, just a painting.”



“A lie,” Brian thought.  “Doesn’t it have a theme?”



“Oh ... yeah ... well, no.  It’s anything we want to do.”



“Lie number two.  Shall we try for three?” Brian thought.  “So what’s yours about?”



“Umm ... abstract.  Nothing special.”



“Don’t you have an underlying idea, even if it’s abstract?”



“What’s with the fucking inquisition?  Since when do you care what my work’s about?”  Justin’s eyes flared.



“At least that’s honest.” Brian thought.  “I’m interested in what you do.  My investment, you know,” Brian said, trying to get Justin to smile.



Instead, Justin grimaced.  “Yeah ... your investment.  Not worth much these days.”



“What?”



“Nothing.  Forget it.”  Justin stood up and started clearing the table.



“Will you fucking tell me what’s going on?”  Brian couldn’t stand it any longer.



Brian saw the sunshine facade go up again.  “Nothing’s wrong,” Justin said in a flat voice.  “Let’s go to Babylon.”



“You want to go to Babylon?” Brian asked, startled by this abrupt change in direction.



“Sure, or we could fuck,” Justin replied, blank eyes staring out at him.



“Whatever,” Brian said, turning away from the look of those eyes.



“So which do you want to do?”


“You decide.”



“Babylon,” Justin chose.



So they went to Babylon, and Justin danced himself to exhaustion.  When they finally returned to the loft, Justin took off his clothes and immediately got into bed.  Brian wanted to fuck, but not this shell of the Justin he loved.



“Aren’t you going to take a shower?” Brian asked.



“Too tired,” Justin mumbled, half asleep.



Brian crawled into bed beside him.  He could smell the sweat of other men Justin had danced with.  He put his hand on the boy’s shoulder and felt it shift away.  Brian closed his eyes and tried to swallow the feeling of dread rising from the pit of his stomach.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian got off the elevator.  He saw Craig Taylor’s firm straight ahead.  He took a deep breath, thinking of the sad, tired boy he had dropped off at school.  He could do this, for Justin.



The secretary buzzed Craig and announced Brian.  He heard Craig say that he wasn’t in to Mr. Kinney.  Brian glanced around and saw a door with Craig’s name on it.  He walked over and opened it to stare into the face of Craig Taylor.



The secretary was behind Brian, trying to tell him that he couldn’t go in there.  He heard her ask Craig if she should call security.  He said no and motioned her away.  She shut the door, leaving them alone.



Brian stared at Craig.  He looked ten years older than the last time Brian had seen him.  He seemed tired out and worn.



“What the fuck do you want, Kinney?” Craig asked, acid dripping from his tongue,



Now that he was face to face with Justin’s father, Brian wasn’t sure what to say to this man that he detested.  “It’s about Justin,” he finally managed to say.



“I don’t want to discuss anything about Justin, especially with you.”



“Well, you’re going to!  I want some answers.”



“To what?” Craig asked.



“I know he’s been to see you.  What did you say to him?”



“That’s none of your damn business!”


Brian noted that he didn’t deny that he’d seen Justin.  He must be on the right track.  “Justin is my business,” Brian stated.



“Since you corrupted him!”  Craig glared at Brian.



Brian felt his hand become a fist, and willed himself to stay calm.  He needed information.  “Did you hurt him?” Brian asked.



“Why don’t you talk to your fuck buddy?  Is that the right term?  Ask Justin,” Craig sneered.



“He’s not talking these days, and for Justin that’s not good.  I think you’re the cause.”



“Just because he’s smart enough to shut you out, doesn’t mean that I had anything to do with it.”



“I don’t want to spar with you.  I want to know what’s wrong with Justin.”



“There’s nothing wrong with him, except for his perverted lifestyle with you.”



“Is that what you’ve been telling him?”



“I’ve just told him a few truths, that’s all.”



“Now we’re getting somewhere,” Brian thought.  He said to Craig, “What truths?”



“That he’s ruined his life, that his family wants nothing to do with him and his perversion, that you’re the root of this evil, that he’s going to die alone and sad when you’re finished with him.”  Craig looked exhausted from his tirade, but he had barely uttered the last word when Brian had him by the collar of his shirt.



“I ought to beat the shit out of you, but it’s clear you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about!  You’re not worth going to jail for!”  Brian pushed him back into his chair, and turned to leave.



Craig’s words stopped him.  “I know what I’m talking about and so does Justin.  He believes me.  He’ll grow to detest you, if he doesn’t already.”



“What are you talking about?”



“How long did you think he would stay infatuated with an arrogant son of a bitch like you?”



“Infatuated?”



“I think Justin has begun to realize how you’ve used him.  Stolen his youth and his innocence.”



“You bastard!”



“Truth hurts, doesn’t it?  There’s nothing wrong with Justin.  He’s just looking at you through clearer eyes, and he’s turning away from your corrupting influence.  He’s turning back to his true family.”



Brian stared at Craig.  Had this man been able to convince his son that he didn’t love Brian, and that Brian was merely using him?



“You’re a sick son of a bitch!” Brian said, his hand on the doorknob.



“That makes two of us then,” Craig shot back, as Brian slammed the door and headed for the elevator.



Brian felt eyes staring at him, as he waited for the elevator.  Thankfully it arrived quickly and was empty.  Brian leaned against the wall, feeling like Craig had kicked him in the ribs all over again.  If this man who he hated intensely could upset him this much, what must he have done to the son who loved him?  Brian needed to talk to Justin right away.



He called Cynthia and told her he wasn’t coming in.  He tried Justin’s cell, but it was switched off.  He must be in class.  He headed for the IFA anyway, hoping he could find Justin somehow.  As he walked toward the administration building, he saw a group of people leaving what he assumed was a lecture hall.  There was a familiar blond head among them.



“Justin,” he called.



The blond head turned in his direction, and a weary and sad looking face registered shock.  Then, almost instantly, the sunshine facade went up, and Justin left the group, heading in his direction.



“What are you doing here?” Justin asked.  “Nothing’s happened, has it?”  He looked worried.



“We need to talk.”



“Can’t this wait till tonight?  I have classes.”



“No, it can’t.  I’ve just been to see your father.”



“What?  Why?  Is he all right?”  Brian saw the facade slip away, to be replaced by fear.



“I wanted some answers that you wouldn’t give me.”


“What did he tell you?”



“Not much.  Enough.  Let’s go,” Brian said, taking Justin by the arm.



“Where are we going?”



“To the loft.  It’s freezing out here.”



“Don’t you have to go to work?”



“Not today.  Come on.”



Justin looked like he’d rather be eating rat poison than going with Brian, but he followed him to the Jeep.



Neither said anything more on the ride to the loft.  Justin glanced furtively at Brian, knowing the man was hurt and angry.  He wondered how much his father had told him.  Brian could feel Justin gauging his temper.  He looked at him a couple of times and noted the same worn out look on Justin’s face that he had seen on Craig’s.  What were they doing to each other?



Brian slammed the loft door.  Justin went over to the couch and sat down.  Brian took off his coat and joined him.



“I know you’ve been seeing your father,” Brian said.  “Is that because of the list of people who hate us?”



“It started with that.”



“Started?”



“I went to see my dad to try and ... make things better.”



“So what happened?”



Justin looked sad, but didn’t answer.



Brian decided to take the bull by the horns.  “He told me that he had shown you some truths, that you now know I’m using you, and that you’ll die alone after I leave you.”



“He’s the one who is dying.”



“What?”  Brian wasn’t sure he’d heard correctly.



“He has colon cancer,” Justin said, staring at the floor.



“He does?”



“Yeah.  He found out a couple of weeks ago, just before I went to see him.  He’s been having chemo and is scheduled for surgery in two weeks.”



“Do they think he’ll be all right?”



“Maybe, but there’s no guarantee.  He could die.”



“I’m sorry, but why didn’t you tell me?”



“You didn’t want me to see him, and he didn’t want anybody to know.  So I kept it to myself.”



“I was really worried.  You seemed so withdrawn.  I couldn’t stand it.”


“I didn’t mean to upset anyone.”



“But you’re upset.  That’s been obvious for days.”



“I’m all right.”



“No.  You’re not.  You’ve lied to me, pretended to be okay, and day by day you’ve moved farther and farther away from me.  What has your father done to you?”



“He needs me right now.  He’s scared and I’m scared for him.”



“But what about this bullshit of me using you and leaving you to die alone?”

“He’s just lashing out.  He asked me to leave you and stay with him until he gets through this surgery.  I told him I couldn’t, but I’ve been trying to spend as much time with him as I can.”



“That doesn’t answer my question.”



“He hates that I’m gay, so when I’m with him he tries to convince me that you’ve perverted and corrupted me.  He thinks if I get away from you, I’ll return to the Justin he knew ... and loved.”



“That’s fucking crazy!  How can you listen to that?”



“He needs me right now, even though it’s tearing me apart,” Justin said sadly.  “It’s a small price to pay if it helps him get through this.”



“It’s not such a small price, Justin.  You’re not eating properly and you look worn out.  This needs to stop.”



“I can’t.  I can bear it until he gets through the surgery.  It’s only a couple of weeks.”



“That’s two weeks too long.  He’s not really convincing you to leave me, is he?”



Justin touched Brian’s cheek tenderly.  “Of course not,” he said.  “I’ll be all right.  We’ll be all right.  I have to do this.”



Brian shook his head.  He didn’t think Justin really understood what was happening.  His father had already pulled a part of Justin away from him, the happy sunshine part.  He was afraid that Craig would continue to force a wedge between them, despite Justin’s best intentions.  Brian had just felt the force of Craig’s words.  How long could Justin listen to that without being destroyed?



“I really think you should stay away from him,” Brian said softly.



“I can’t.”



“I know,” Brian conceded, and took Justin into his arms.



He ran his hands over Justin’s body and face, trying to find and recapture the Justin he loved, trying to erase the sham Justin he had lived with for the last many days.  They kissed long and deeply.  Brian wanted to show Justin that he loved him and would be there for him.  Justin wanted to show Brian that he loved him, and no words from his father would change that.



Brian took his hand and led him to the bedroom.  They slowly undressed each other, kissing deeply and exploring lovingly.  After much tenderness and caressing, Brian slipped on a condom and claimed Justin as his own.  As they rocked together, heading toward that blissful moment of total union and ultimate oblivion, they held on tight, not knowing what might lay ahead.  They both knew deep down that Craig had already separated them, and they hoped this would put them together again.  When they each came, within seconds of each other, they had tears in their eyes and love in their hearts.



They held each other, not speaking for a few minutes.



“You should take more days off work, Mr. Kinney,” Justin whispered.



“Afternoon delight,” Brian replied, smiling.



“What?”



“There’s an old song called ‘Afternoon Delight’.  I always forget how young you are.”



Justin smiled back and it was the real Justin this time.  “Am I your afternoon delight?”



“For today,” Brian said, hugging him.



“Just today?”



“And every day for the rest of our lives.”


“Oh, Brian.”



Brian saw the tears welling up.  “Sunshine, I know you want your father’s love, and you want to help him, but do you think this is the best way to go about it?”



“I have to do this, Brian.  He could be gone soon, and I’d always regret it, if I didn’t help him.”



“Okay,” Brian said gently, “but don’t let him tear us apart.”



“I won’t, and now that you know what’s going on, you can help me.”



“Help you?  How?  Bring him candy and flowers in the hospital?”



“I don’t mean that,” Justin said, giving Brian a gentle swat.  “I want to have you here when I come home, to know that I can talk to you, that you love me.”



“I do.  I always will.”



“See, that’s helped already.  We’ll get through this, and hopefully my father will too.”



At that moment Brian wished he could be as forgiving as Justin, but life had taught him that leopards didn’t change their spots.  He still detested Craig Taylor, and he didn’t think that would ever change, neither would Craig’s feelings about Brian and homosexuality.  He hoped for Justin’s sake that his father pulled through, but personally he thought the asshole deserved whatever happened to him.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



The two weeks leading up to Craig’s surgery were difficult for both of them.  Brian did his best to be supportive, but he saw how Justin’s visits with his father ate away at the boy.  Justin did his best to remain positive that he was helping his father.  He found it wearing to listen to one diatribe after another, mostly against Brian, but also against the whole gay lifestyle.  Justin kept his mouth shut, but he felt his anger building against his father and his bigoted views.  Some days he felt like he was being ripped apart.



Craig finally told Jennifer about his illness a few days before his surgery.  He didn’t want her pity, and had sworn Justin to secrecy.  As a result Justin had stayed away from his mother, afraid that he might inadvertently reveal his father’s secret.  Once Jennifer knew, she came to the support of her son and ex-husband.  She offered to visit him and look after him as he got ready for surgery.  She even insisted that he come to her place following the surgery to recuperate.  Brian knew that it was from Jennifer that Justin got his forgiving and gentle nature.  He was very impressed with mother and son.



On the day of the surgery Brian agreed to go to the hospital with Justin.  He felt the boy’s fear, and knew that Justin needed him there.  He stayed in the waiting room with Molly while Justin and Jennifer went up to see Craig before they took him into surgery.



Molly was wary of Brian.  She sat across the room from him, and he would catch her continually glancing at him.  It was beginning to get on Brian’s nerves.



“Would you like a soda, Molly?” Brian asked, heading in the direction of the coffee machine.  He didn’t want the shit that came out of these machines, but he had to do something.



Molly shook her head.



Brian got his coffee and sat down beside the little girl.



She looked at Brian and asked, “Why are you here?  My dad doesn’t like you.”



It was on the tip of Brian’s tongue to say that he didn’t like her father either, but he bit that back and said, “Justin needs me.”



“Oh,” she said, processing that.



“Are you scared?” Brian asked.



“Kind of.  I don’t know what’s going to happen.”



“That’s the hard part.  Not knowing.”



“Yeah,” Molly agreed.  She was surprised that Brian was treating her in such a grown-up manner, not telling her everything would be fine, when he couldn’t possibly know that.  She hadn’t had a lot of contact with Brian, and she knew her father didn’t want her to.  When there was a party and Gus was there, she sometimes got invited with her mother.  Gus was a cute baby, and Brian had always been nice to her, although he never said very much.



“Do you think he’ll be all right?” she asked.



“I don’t know, Molly.  We’ll have to wait and see.”



“Do you pray?”



“No.”



“I’ve been praying for my father to be all right.”



“I’m sure that will help,” Brian said, understanding that she wanted to be able to do something for her father.



“Would you say a prayer for him?” she asked.



Brian didn’t know what to say.  He didn’t believe in God and he hated Craig’s guts, but how could he refuse this child.  “I don’t know how to pray,” he said lamely.



Molly took his hand.  “Close your eyes,” she said, and Brian did.  “God, please help my daddy get through this operation, and make him be all right.  Amen,” she ended.



“Amen,” said Brian.



That was how Justin and Jennifer found them, holding hands.  Justin leaned in and kissed Brian’s cheek.  “I’m glad you’re here,” he said.  “They’ve taken him to surgery.”



“And now we wait,” Jennifer said.



The surgery took three hours.  Finally the doctor appeared and called Justin and Jennifer over.  They listened intently, and when they turned around, Brian knew from their smiles that it had gone well.  So did Molly who flung her arms around Brian’s neck.  Brian hugged her back, and she whispered in his ear, “I bet your prayer helped.”



“Sure,” said Brian.  He got up once she released him.  She was immediately replaced by Justin.



“They think they got it all,” he said.  “He came through the surgery just fine.”



“That’s good,” Brian said.  “What happens now?”



“He’ll be in the hospital for a few days, and then he’ll go to mom’s for a couple of weeks till he’s back on his feet.”



“I can’t believe Jennifer is going to nurse him,” Brian said, shaking his head.



“He’ll need help.  He can’t be on his own.”



“You Taylors never cease to amaze me.”



Justin smiled his true smile.  “He’ll be in recovery for a while and back in his room later tonight.  We can’t do anything till then.  Want to go home for a bit?”



“Sure,” said Brian, noting the look in Justin’s eyes.



“Mom, we’re going.  I’ll see you here tonight.”



“Okay, honey.  Thanks for being here for your father despite everything,” Jennifer said, giving him a hug.  “Thanks for coming, Brian.  It meant a lot to Justin.”  She gave Brian a hug too.



“Bye, Brian,” Molly said.



“What about me?” Justin asked, hugging her.  Brian saw Molly whisper something in Justin’s ear.



Justin turned with a smile, took Brian’s hand and they left.



In the Jeep Justin asked, “You don’t have to go back to work this afternoon, do you?”



“No.  I took the day off. Why?”



“We could have some ... Afternoon Delight,” Justin said, giving Brian a wicked smile.



“I like the sound of that.”



“I thought you might.”



At the loft they quickly got rid of their clothes and dove into the bed.  They kissed and groped and rubbed, finding it hard to get enough of each other.  Brian gave Justin the longest and most intense blowjob he’d ever had.



Afterwards, still panting, Justin said, “That was fucking unbelievable!  How do you keep topping yourself?”



Brian snorted.  “I’m very talented and speaking of topping ...”



“You mean it?  You want me to?”

Brian sucked in his bottom lip and grinned.



Justin started with Brian’s mouth and worked his way down.  When he finally entered Brian, they were both so ready.  The intensity of the feelings was almost too much.  After the torment of the last few weeks, this was what they both needed.  Justin was in control, and he needed that.  Brian felt like he had his boy back, the real Justin, not the fragile shell he had been living with lately.



Their orgasms were intense, but the feelings between them were even stronger.  They clung to each other.



“Thank you,” Justin said.



“What for?  I should be thanking you.”



Justin giggled.  “It was good, wasn’t it?  You’ve taught me well.”



“You learn quickly,” Brian replied, giving him a kiss.



“I’m glad my dad will be okay.”



“I know.”



“Molly told me what you did.”

“What?” Brian asked, afraid that Molly had given him up.



“She said you prayed for dad with her.”

Brian sucked in his lips and looked away.



“It’s okay to pray,” Justin said.



“I don’t believe in that.”



“But Molly does and you helped her.  Who knows, maybe it did do some good.  Dad’s going to be okay.  A prayer from the notorious non-believer might have carried some weight.”



Brian snorted.  “I did it for Molly, not your father.”



“I know.”



“Can we talk about something else?”  Brian asked.



“I’m ready for some more afternoon delight.  How about you?”



“You bet!” Brian said, rolling over on top of him.  It was good to have his Justin back.

Chapter 15 - An Odyssey by Thyme

 

An Odyssey  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Craig Taylor recovered well from his operation.  Jennifer nursed him, and Justin continued to spend as much time with him as he could.  After his checkup, Craig was told that everything looked good, and he could move back to his apartment, and resume his old life.



Justin had found it increasingly difficult to stand his father’s prejudice against Brian specifically and homosexuality in general.  He bore Craig’s tirades, feeling that his father’s health somehow depended on him.  However, as his father improved, Justin started to withdraw.  He had endured as much as he could.  When he tried to reason with his father, he was rebuffed and chastised like a child.  On the day his father left his mother’s house, Justin once again left his father’s life.



He had gone to Jennifer’s to help his father move back to his apartment.  Craig started in on Justin while they packed his belongings.



“Have you left that fucking pervert yet?” Craig demanded.



“No, dad.”



“Well, you better wake up soon, before it’s too late.”



“I’m not leaving Brian.”



“What?  I thought you were thinking about it.”



“I never said that.”



“But you let me think that you agreed with me.”



“I never agreed with you; I just didn’t disagree.  I didn’t want to fight with you while you were recovering.”



“And now that I’m recovered, you’re going to fight with me?”



“Not unless you make me.”



“Are you going to get away from that asshole Kinney?”



“No, and I want you to stop calling him names.”



“I have no intention of letting up on that pervert until you leave him.”



“I’m not leaving him, but you’re going to force me to leave you.”



“So be it then.  Get out!  Go away and leave me alone.  I don’t want anything more to do with you.  From this point on I have no son.”



Justin stared at his father.  Over a month of listening to this shit, taking all the crap his father dished out, all for nothing.



“I’m going, dad.  I’m sorry you still hate me.  I tried.”



“Not hard enough!  You’re as perverted as your boyfriend.”



Those were the last words Justin heard as he ran down the stairs.  His mother met him at the bottom.



“I’m sorry, honey,” she said.  “I heard it all.”



“He still hates me.  I thought I could make him forget about me being gay.  Go back to the way things used to be.”



“I don’t think he’s going to let that happen,” Jennifer said sadly.



“You’re right.  I should have known better.  I was fooling myself this whole time.”



“But you did help him, Justin.  He got through this whole cancer business a lot easier, because you were there, “Jennifer said softly, trying to comfort her son.



“I’m sorry I did it.  He almost tore Brian and me apart, and then he tells me to get out.  He doesn’t care about me at all.  I bet he wouldn’t even come to see me, if I was the one who had cancer.”



“Oh, Justin, don’t say that.”



“Why not?  It’s true.  I hope I never see him again.”



Justin left, not shedding a tear.  His father wasn’t worth tears.  He caught a bus and was at the loft in half an hour.  He hoped Brian would be there.



When Justin arrived at the loft, there was no Brian.  His heart sank.  He really needed to see him.  He tried Brian’s cell, but it was shut off.  He groaned.  Where could Brian be?  It was Saturday morning, so he might be at the diner or at the comic book store with Michael.



At the diner there were no familiar faces and Debbie wasn’t working that shift.  He decided to check with Michael next.  There were a few people in the comic store, but no Brian.



“Hey, Boy Wonder,” Michael greeted him.



“Hi, Michael.  I’m looking for Brian.”



“Haven’t seen him today.”



“You don’t know where he might be, do you?”



“Ordinarily, on a Saturday morning, I’d say with you.  Why isn’t he with you?”



“I went to my mom’s to help my dad move back to his apartment.”



“And Brian would want no part of that,” Michael offered.



“You got that right,” Justin agreed.



“So Brian didn’t say what he was going to do while you were helping your father?”



“No.  I thought I’d be gone most of the day.”



“What happened?”



“I ... I don’t want to talk about it.”



“I think you do,” Michael said, seeing tears welling up.  “Come in the office.  I’ll leave the door open, but we can have some privacy.”



Justin followed Michael into the office.  Michael pulled a chair around so that Justin’s back was to the store, but Michael could keep an eye on his customers.  He handed Justin a Kleenex.  Justin gave his eyes a quick swipe and took a deep breath.



“I’m fine,” he said.



“No, you’re not.  What happened?” Michael asked.



“My father told me to get out, go away.  He said he no longer has a son.”  Justin was trying to hold it together.  “It was pretty ugly.”



“I thought you were spending a lot of time with your father, that things were better between you.”



“I did my best to help him through his surgery.  I tried to get him to love me again.”



“But he didn’t.”



“It was awful, Michael.  The whole time we were together he kept at me about Brian corrupting me and how I needed to get out of my perverted lifestyle.  I thought I was going to go crazy.”



“What a bastard!” Michael said.  “He just doesn’t get it.”



“That’s for sure.  Now that he’s better, I couldn’t stand it anymore.  When I told him to stop, he kicked me out.”



“That must have hurt.”



“It did.  That’s why I need Brian.”



“You’ll find him.  I hope Brian doesn’t go ballistic when you tell him about this.”



“Oh, shit!”  Justin looked frightened.  “I don’t want him going after my father.”



“Yeah.  A murder charge wouldn’t look good on his resume,” Michael joked.  He was immediately sorry that he had said that when he saw the fear on Justin’s face grow even greater.  “I was kidding, Justin.  He’ll blow a gasket when you tell him, but he won’t actually hurt anyone.”



“You don’t know that, Michael.  He’s already been to see my father and that was not pleasant.”



“Oh,” said Michael.  “I know Brian will be angry, but really, he’s not into violence.”



“Yeah, I guess so,” Justin said, looking somewhat relieved.  “Thanks for talking to me, Michael.  I should go.”



“Anytime, Boy Wonder.  I’m sorry your dad’s such a bigot.”



“So am I.”



“Where are you going to look next?  Lindsay’s?”



“That’s a good idea,” Justin said, getting up.  “Thanks again.”



Michael smiled, as Justin turned to leave.  “Poor kid,” Michael thought.  “He really wants his father’s love.  It must be harder to lose your father than never have one at all.”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin rang the bell at Mel and Lindsay’s.  A moment later the door opened and Gus barreled out into Justin’s arms.



“Jus'in, Jus’in,” he cried, giving Justin slobbery kiss after slobbery kiss.



“Hey, Gus.  I’m glad to see you too,” Justin cooed at the boy.



“Play,” Gus demanded.



“Okay, in a minute,” Justin said, hugging the baby and looking at Lindsay who stood in the doorway.



“When I said it was Justin at the door, he bolted right past me to get to you,” Lindsay explained.



“He’s a handful.  Is Brian here?” Justin asked hopefully.



“No, I haven’t seen him today.”



“Oh,” Justin said, looking crestfallen.  “I really need to talk to him.  Do you know where he might be?”



Lindsay shook her head.  “Did you try his cell?”



“Yeah, but it’s shut off.”



“Come in, and stay for a while.  Gus wants to play.”



“I’m sorry, Gus, but I need to go.”


“No!” Gus said, tears starting to fill his eyes.



“All right,” Justin gave in.  “For a few minutes.”  Gus kissed him again and squirmed down.



“Thanks, Justin,” Lindsay said.  “We would have been in for a major crying session, if you left without playing.”



Justin followed Gus into the house and sat down on the sofa where Gus began bringing him toys.  Justin wound up the wind-up ones and Gus clapped.  He gave the stuffed animals voices and Gus giggled.  Finally he started building a pyramid with blocks and Gus took over.



Once Gus was busy, Lindsay said, “You could talk to me.”



Justin shook his head.



“I’m a good listener,” she persisted.



“I know, but it’s hard to talk about.”



“Is it your dad?  I heard he was ill.”



“He’s doing better.  He went back to his apartment today.”



“That’s good.  You must be relieved.”



“Yeah, right,” Justin said sarcastically.



“What does that mean?”



“He told me to get out, that he no longer has a son.”



“Oh, Justin,” Lindsay looked shocked.



“He hates me.  I tried so hard to please him and help him and then he throws me out because I won’t leave Brian.”



“Sweetie, I’m sure you did your best, but you can’t control how your father feels.  You have to do what’s right for you.”



“I know, but I miss him.  Correction, I missed him, but not anymore.”



“Sometimes you have to cut your losses.  Let him go.”



“I’m beginning to see that.”



“I had to do that with my parents.  I wanted them to help with the wedding and attend the ceremony.  They wouldn’t do either, and pretending to be something we weren’t didn’t help either.”



“That must have really hurt you.”



“It did.  I don’t know if I can ever forgive them.”



“I guess we both have shitty parents.”



“Yeah, but you have your mother.  Both my parents refuse to acknowledge who I am and my relationship with Mel.”



“Are you trying to tell me I don’t really have it so bad?”



“No,” Lindsay chuckled.  “It’s bad, but just know that you’re not alone in this.  It isn’t easy being queer.”



Justin laughed.  “Sounds like a Muppet song.”



“Maybe it should be,” Lindsay said somewhat seriously.



“My dad really hurt me today, but I’m beginning to see that I’m not alone in having this happen.  It doesn’t make it hurt less, but it is kind of comforting.”



“Sounds like you’re feeling a little better.”



“I am, but I still want Brian.”



“What about Deb or Vic?” Lindsay asked.



“Haven’t tried them yet, but that’s a good idea.  I better get going.  Bye, Gus,” Justin said, giving the baby a kiss.



“Bye, Jus’in,” Gus said, still busy with his blocks.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin arrived at Deb and Vic’s soon after leaving Lindsay’s.  Brian wasn’t there either.  Debbie made Justin come in for milk and cookies.  They sat at the kitchen table.



“Why aren’t you and Brian out together today?” Vic asked.



“I went to help my father move back to his apartment.”



“What happened?” Vic pursued, sensing that there was some reason for Justin being there.



“He kicked me out.  Told me he has no son,” Justin said rather sadly, but with no tears.



“What brought that on?” asked Vic.



“He thinks I’m a pervert.  He wanted me to leave Brian.”



“Fucking asshole!” Debbie contributed.



“Yeah, but it doesn’t make me feel any better.”



“What he is shouldn’t really matter,” Vic said.



“But it does matter, Vic.  He hurt me.”



“I understand that, and it isn’t the first time he’s hurt you, is it?”



“No.”



“So you can let him keep hurting you, or you can refuse to be hurt.”



“How can I do that?”



“By concentrating on the good things in your life, and not dwelling on the fact that your father is a fag hater,” Vic stated.



“That sounds too simple.”



“It is simple.  Why were you trying to find Brian?” Vic asked.



“Because I wanted to tell him what my father did.”



“So Brian could beat the shit out of your father?”



“Of course not.”



“So Brian could hold you and tell you it’ll be all right?”



“Yes, I need him.”



“So you’re concentrating on the good things in your life.”



“Oh,” Justin said, realization dawning.  “I guess that’s why I need Brian right now.”



“So why are you still here?” Vic grinned.



“I’m going.  Thanks, Vic,” Justin said, giving the man a hug.



“What about me?” Debbie asked, wanting a hug too.



Justin hugged her.  “Thanks, Deb,” he said.



“For what?  Keeping my big mouth shut while Vic talked some sense into you?  I know when to shut up ... sometimes.”



Justin hugged her again and left.  He stood on the porch trying to figure out what to do next.  He decided to call Emmett, although he didn’t really think Brian would be there.  Emmett confirmed that Brian wasn’t there, but suggested Brian might be at work.  That was a possibility, but if his cell was off, there would be no way to reach him there.  Justin decided to go back to the loft and wait.



When Justin opened the loft door, his heart skipped a beat.  Brian was sitting on the couch watching TV.



Brian looked up and said, “Hey.”



The next thing he knew he had a delicious blond body in his lap.  Justin squeezed the breath out of him and gave him a hard kiss.



“Whoa, what’s got into you?” Brian asked, hugging him.



“Where have you been?  I’ve been looking all over for you,” Justin said, kissing him again.



“Why were you looking for me?  Weren’t you with your dad?”



“We had a ... disagreement,” Justin said.



“What the fuck does that mean?”



“He kicked me out,” Justin said.



“Fuck!” Brian responded.



“It’s all right.”


“No, it’s not!  What happened?”



“The usual,” Justin said ruefully.



“Get away from that pervert, Kinney.  He’s ruining your life,” Brian repeated Craig’s all too familiar words.



“Pretty close,” said Justin.



“What did you do?”



“I finally told him to stop.”



“Good, but he didn’t.”



“No.  I told him I had tried really hard to get him to accept me.  He said I hadn’t tried hard enough.”  Brian grimaced.  “Then he told me to get out.  He no longer has a son.”



“Fuck!”  Brian shoved Justin off his lap, needing to get up and pace and rant.  “I should go over there right now and beat the shit out of that fucking asshole!  Who does he think he is?  You took all of his crap for weeks and then he kicks you out.  Fuck!”



“It’s all right.”  Justin tried to calm him.



“It’s not all right.  He’s hurt you again.”



“True, but I’ll be all right.”



“How can you say that?  I know how hard you tried to make things good between you.  He just doesn’t fucking get it.”



“You’re right.  You’re the second person to tell me that today.”



Brian looked at him, eyebrows raised.  “Who else?”



“Michael.”



“Michael?  What does he have to do with this?”



“I was upset.  I was looking for you and went to the comic book store.  Michael was really nice to me.  He talked to me and made me feel better.  I just wanted to be told it wasn’t all my fault, and Michael did that.”



“Good for Mikey,” Brian said, strangely pleased.



Justin smiled.  It was nice to see Brian happy that they were getting along.  Things were sometimes tense between Justin and Michael.  “Michael suggested I go hunt for you at Lindsay’s, so I did.”



“You were making the rounds, were you?”



“Yep.  I played with Gus a bit and that cheered me up.”



“Gus is good for that,” Brian observed.  “How can you be upset when he’s got you around the neck and is planting slobbery kisses up and down your face.”



Justin laughed.  “He’s the best, and Lindsay’s pretty good too.”



“Oh?”



“She knows how to cut through the crap.”



“You’re telling me!” Brian reacted.



“I was feeling sorry for myself, and she let me.  Then she reminded me about her wedding and what her parents did to her.”



“She was very hurt.”



“Yeah.  I never realized how much.  They don’t even see their grandchild.  How can they do that?”



“I don’t know.  They’re worse assholes than your father.”



“I stopped feeling sorry for myself after that.  Lindsay’s amazing how she doesn’t let it get her down.”



“Most of the time,” Brian agreed, remembering a few times when a devastated Lindsay had come to him, and they had comforted each other.  “So where did you go next?”



“Vic and Deb’s.”



“What happened there?”


“I’m not exactly sure.  Debbie barely said anything.”



“Are you kidding?” Brian couldn’t conceive of that.



“She said she knows when to keep her big mouth shut.”



Brian snorted.  “So Vic did all the talking.”



“He’s incredible.  He told me I could continue to let my father hurt me, or I could refuse to be hurt.  I didn’t understand how I could do that.”



“How does someone do that?”  Brian asked, knowing that he did it by shutting everyone out.  He hoped that wasn’t Vic’s advice to Justin.  He didn’t really think Vic would suggest that.  He wouldn’t want Justin turning into a cold, heartless shit like Brian.



Justin looked intently at Brian, wondering if Brian was thinking about himself.  He wanted to see Brian’s reaction to Vic’s advice.  “He told me to concentrate on the good things in my life and forget about the bad.  That’s why I needed to see you,” Justin said, and waited for Brian to respond.



Brian processed Justin’s words.  After a minute he said, “I’m a good thing in your life?”



“Of course you are.”



Brian smiled at him, but shook his head.



Justin continued, “At first I was looking for you so you could be angry at my father like I was, and blame it all on him.  I wanted to hear you say you’d beat him up for me, even though I didn’t really want you to do that.  Michael got me past that.  Then I was feeling sorry for myself, and Lindsay showed me that that was a useless emotion.  Finally Vic made me see the positive side of things.”



“Quite an odyssey.  You didn’t need me at all.”



“I sure did, and I do,” Justin stated emphatically.  “You’re my good thing.”  Justin looked at him, his eyes darkening with lust.  “Want to show me how good?”



Brian laughed.  “Always,” he responded.



Justin grabbed Brian’s hand and pulled him down onto the couch, where he kissed him deeply.  Justin’s hand caressed the back of Brian’s neck and pressed his lips into his own, not wanting them to separate.  After a few minutes of delicious sucking, Justin let them both come up for air.



“Hoover,” Brian gasped.



“What?” Justin chuckled.



“Are you really all right about your father?  I can still go kick the shit out of him,” Brian offered.



“Not necessary.  I’m through with him,” Justin stated.



Brian pushed Justin back to look at his face.  “I know you better than that.  Your father can kick you out, but you can never do the same to him.”



Justin frowned.  “I guess you’re right.  If he was willing to accept me for who I am, I’d want him back in my life.  But ... that’s not likely to happen, so I’m not going to worry about him.  I want to concentrate on us, on you,” Justin added, his hand dropping to Brian’s crotch.



Brian groaned, feeling his cock swell and stiffen.  “It’s extremely difficult to have a serious conversation with you when you do things like that,” Brian said, trying to look stern.



“Look who’s talking about serious conversations,” Justin retorted, rubbing Brian’s crotch a little harder.  “I don’t want to talk right now.”



“I won’t argue with you.”



Brian felt Justin unzip his jeans.  “Pretty bold, aren’t you?”  Brian asked, liking this assertive Justin.



“Bold enough,” Justin bragged.



“You better be ready for the consequences of your actions.”



“More than ready!  What do you have in mind?”



“Lay down,” Brian commanded.



Justin now had Brian’s dick free.  He ran his thumb over the slit and clasped it securely in his hand.  Brian’s head went back as he savored the feeling.  He loved when Justin touched him, especially like this.  He started to push his jeans down, but he needed to get up to do that.  Justin still had him by the cock.



“Let go,” he ordered.



“No,” Justin said, continuing to hold on.



“Justin!” Brian said ominously.



“No,” Justin insisted, pulling Brian farther up his body.



“What are you doing?”



“Fuck my face.”



“What?”



“You heard me.”  Justin continued his maneuverings.  Brian inched forward, his legs straddling Justin’s chest.  Justin raised his head and kissed the tip of Brian’s cock.  Brian pushed him back down and inched up farther, allowing Justin to take his cock into his mouth.  Justin’s tongue swept around the cap and through the slit.  Brian gritted his teeth and groaned.  Justin released his cock and smiled up at him.  He started licking up and down Brian’s shaft, sucking here and there, and squeezing Brian’s balls with his other hand.  Brian’s mouth dropped open.  He slid up a little farther, placing his hands above and on either side of Justin’s head.  Justin took Brian’s cock into his warm, waiting mouth and held it there.  Brian shifted up a bit farther and began to rock back and forth, his cock plowing in and out of Justin’s willing mouth.  Justin did his best not to choke, as Brian took it slow at first.  When Brian would pull back, Justin would suck the tip, making sure it didn’t escape.  The reaction to that suction was exquisite for both of them.  Brian’s head would lean back, his eyes would roll back, his lips would curl back, and from the back of his throat would come the most primal growl that Justin had ever heard.  It made him shiver, knowing that he could elicit that sound from his lover.



Brian had never felt anything like this.  He was totally in control, but Justin was adding the most unbelievable sensations with his soft, warm mouth, lips and tongue.  Brian began moving faster, unable to stop himself.  He wanted to savors every moment, but he knew he wouldn’t last long.  He felt his orgasm building and looked deeply into Justin’s eyes.  He saw such love and trust there, and he was lost.  With a sound bordering on complete insanity he came and came and came into Justin’s mouth.



The next thing Brian knew he was cradled on Justin’s chest, the boy’s arms wrapped tight around him.  He felt Justin kiss the top of his head.



“You okay?” Justin asked tenderly.



“More than okay,” Brian gasped.



“Was that good?”



“Un-fucking-believable!”



“Sounds as though you liked it,” Justin chuckled.



“Ummm,” Brian groaned.  “That was fabulous!  Now it’s your turn,” and he took hold of Justin’s straining hard-on.  “Let’s see what I can do for you.”



An hour or two later they lay in bed, tired and sated.  Each had done his best to pleasure the other, to make the other go beyond anything they had experienced before.  In a way it was like starting over, putting all of the Craig Taylor bullshit behind them, and finding their way back to each other.



Justin lay against Brian’s chest, and whispered, “I’ve never felt closer to you.”



“We have actually been closer several times today,” Brian reminded him.



Justin smiled up at him.  “I didn’t mean physically.”



“I know,” Brian said, kissing Justin’s fingers that were intertwined with his own.  “I feel like we’ve found each other again.  Maybe we had to get rid of your father to do that.”



“Maybe.  Today was so horrible, but now it couldn’t be better.”



“Like a phoenix we rise out of the ashes.”



“Is it rising again?” Justin giggled, looking at Brian’s cock.



“You wish.”



“I don’t have to wish.  I can make it happen so easily.”



“Smart little fucker, aren’t you?”



“You bet,” Justin said, leaning over and kissing the tip of Brian’s cock.  He got the desired reaction.  “See,” he said, flashing his most angelic smile.



“How can you look so sweet and be such a bad, bad boy?”



“Practice.”



Brian snorted.  He reached down and ran one finger up the inside of Justin’s thigh.  He saw the boy’s cock twitch in response.  “Seems like you’re not the only one who can cause something to rise.”



“Want to go again?” Justin asked.



“Always.”



“God, you are insatiable.”



“No more than you.”



“True.  That’s why we’re so well suited, “Justin said.



“Yeah.”



“I’d kinda like to stay like this a bit longer.”



“That’s fine with me,” Brian agreed.



“We don’t talk all that much, even yet, so I like it when we are quiet and together and can talk.”



“Sure,” Brian said.  “What do you want to talk about?”  He hoped it wasn’t the list.



“I was wondering where you were when I was looking for you.”



“Oh,” Brian answered, not wanting to say more.



“You had your cell shut off.  What were you doing?”



Brian debated lying, but had long since learned that that only created more problems.  He either had to refuse to answer or ‘fess up’ as Debbie was wont to say.



“I went to see my mother,” Brian admitted.



“Your mother?  What for?”



Brian knew he was going to have to explain.  That was the price of having Justin with him.  He sighed and said, “I thought I’d make it a family day.  Since you were getting blasted by your father, I’d go and be flagellated by my mother.”



“Since when are you into flagellation?”  Justin grinned at him.



“The right kind, maybe, but this, never.”



“So why did you go?”



“God, you never give up, do you?”



“Of course not.”


Brian groaned.  “I haven’t seen my mother for months, so I thought she might have softened a bit.  I guess I started thinking about her after the list.”  Brian stopped, regretting that he had brought up the list again.  Justin didn’t say anything, so he continued.  “I thought maybe we could at least be civil.”  Brian stopped again.



“How did it go?” Justin prompted.



“Just heavenly.  She had a long discourse about Hell and how quickly I’d find myself there.  She asked about you too.”



“Me?  Really?”



“Yeah.  ‘Is that blond boy still with you?  He’ll be losing his immortal soul too.’ “



“At least we’ll be together.”



“Trust you to find the silver lining in a condemnation to Hell.”  Brian kissed him.  “You’re such an optimist.”



“One of us needs to be.”



“Are you calling me a pessimist?”



“If the thong fits ... “



“What kind of thong are you referring to?”



“Don’t change the subject,” Justin said, giggling.  “Did you get anywhere with your mother?”



“Not exactly.  She’s going to pray for us.  At least we didn’t come to blows.  She’s still deathly opposed to my homosexuality.  Like that has a bearing on anything!  Maybe she thinks if she’s horrified enough, she’ll scare me straight.”



Justin laughed.  “Not likely to happen.”



“You should know.”



“How did you leave things?”



“She didn’t piss me off so much that I’ll never see her again, but I think we’ll keep our distance.”



“That’s too bad.  At least I have my mother.”



“You’re lucky.  How did she react to what your father did?”



“She tried to make it better.  She said I’d helped him overcome the cancer.  I think she feels caught in the middle.”



“I’ll bet she’ll be glad to have Craig back in his own apartment, and out of her life.”



“I think so.  There were some tense moments.  I can imagine she tore a strip off him after I left.”



“Yeah.  I know what it’s like to be on the wrong side of your mother.  She wears a velvet glove to hold the meat cleaver she beats you over the head with.”



“I’m going to tell her that,” Justin threatened.



“Don’t you dare!  We’ve just started to get along.”



“If she knew you thought of her as wielding a meat cleaver, she would take one to you.”  Justin chuckled at the image that conjured up for him.



“Justin, don’t be cruel to your mother, or me.”



“I’m kidding,” Justin gave in, “but it would have been fun to see her take you on if I told her.”



“Don’t you even think about it, bad boy!”



“Hmm, how bad?”



“Very bad!”


“I can be even badder.”



“Is that a word?  Although, I like the concept.”



“Want me to show you?”



“I can hardly wait, the badder the better!”



Justin groaned and snaked his hand down to Brian’s cock.  “Let’s see just how bad I can be,” he said speculatively.



“I can only imagine!” Brian replied, his cock already responding.



“Imagination’s everything,” and Justin gave him his most wickedly angelic smile.

Return to Whispers of Doubt

Chapter 16 - Apple Pie and Toast by Thyme

 

Apple Pie and Toast  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Justin took the apple pie out of the oven.  It smelled wonderful, if he did say so himself.  He was in the middle of making a very special dinner for Brian.  He had come home from the IFA right after his last class ended at 1 pm.  He had spent the rest of the afternoon making his pie and beef bourguignon which he was now putting in the oven.  Brian wouldn’t be home for a couple of hours, but he wanted everything to be perfect.



Counters wiped, everything tidied up, Justin went over to the couch and plopped down.  He picked up the ever present sketchbook and started doodling.  His mind began to wander to the last month’s events.  His father had had cancer surgery, but was now recovered.  He had spent a lot of time with Craig Taylor during his illness, trying to help the sick man, but also trying to find the father he still loved.  Craig had bombarded him with constant criticism of his lifestyle, his choices, and of course, Brian Kinney.  When Justin finally told him to stop, he threw Justin out, saying he no longer had a son.  He had nearly destroyed Justin and his relationship with Brian.  However, they had come through it together, not only surviving, but prevailing.  They were stronger and better than ever.  This dinner was Justin’s thank you to Brian for standing by him and helping him.



Justin smiled, thinking about what he had planned for tonight.  He wanted everything to be perfect.  He checked the beef bourguignon which smelled fantastic.  He set the table and opened a bottle of red wine to let it breathe.  Candles were lit and the other lights dimmed.  He could hardly wait till Brian arrived.



A few minutes past seven Justin heard the elevator, followed by the loft door being pulled back.



“Welcome home,” Justin said, taking Brian’s coat and briefcase.  He then threw his arms around Brian’s neck and gave him a penetrating kiss.



“That’s quite a welcome, Sunshine,” Brian whispered in Justin’s ear, as he held him tight.



“I want tonight to be special.”



“Looks like it already is,” Brian said, noting the candles and the beautifully set table.  “What’s all this about?”



“This is my thank you for all your help and support over the last weeks.  I never would have made it without you.”



“Sure you would.  You didn’t have to do this.”



“I didn’t have to, but I wanted to.”



“Something smells wonderful,” Brian said.



“That’s dinner.  Do you want to eat first or try something more physical?” Justin asked, grinning suggestively.



“I’ll let you take the lead, since you’ve obviously done some serious planning for this.”



“Okay,” Justin agreed.  “Have a seat on the couch.”



Brian sat down, amused at Justin’s elaborate preparations and his infectious enthusiasm.  He watched the boy pour two glasses of wine and bring them over to Brian.  He handed one to Brian and sat down beside him.  Brian was about to take a drink, when Justin touched his hand, stopping him.



“I want to make a toast,” he said rather shyly.



“Over the teeth and past the gums, look out stomach, here it comes,” Brian said, sensing that the mood was far too serious to suit him.



“No, silly.  Just listen.”  Justin looked a little annoyed at the interruption.



“I’m sorry.  I’ll shut up.”  Brian didn’t want to hurt Justin who had obviously put a lot of work and thought into this scene that he had created.



Justin took a deep breath.  “First, I love you,” he said, looking into Brian’s eyes.  Brian kissed him gently in response.  “Over the last few weeks I’ve been worried and upset about my father.  I tried to keep it all to myself, but you wouldn’t let me.  Once you found out what was going on, you stood by me and helped me so much.  It meant a lot to me, especially because I know how hard it was for you.”



Brian squirmed uncomfortably.



“I’m almost done,” Justin said, noting Brian’s discomfort.  “I’m so lucky to have you.  So, here’s to Brian Kinney, my lover, my friend, my partner.”  He leaned over and kissed Brian.



“A guy could die of thirst before you got finished,” Brian joked.  He was moved, and embarrassed, by Justin’s open and sincere protestations.  “I don’t know what to say.  I did what I thought needed to be done, and I’m glad, although surprised, that you think it was something special.”



“I do,” Justin stated.



“Let’s not dwell on the past,” Brian said, trying to change the topic.



“You’re embarrassed, aren’t you?”



“Ah ... no.”



“Yes you are.  Why?  You usually don’t have trouble with compliments.”



“They’re usually about work, about how brilliant I am, or about what a great fuck I am.”



“So it’s all right to compliment you on work or fucking, but not on being a nice guy.”



“Nice guy?”  Brian snorted.  “That’s not me.  I wouldn’t have done any of those things for anyone but you.  It wasn’t out of the goodness of my heart.  It was because I wanted to keep you from being hurt, to make you happy.”



“And that is what tonight is for, to thank you for that.”



“Justin, I don’t deserve thanks.  I had selfish motives.”



“And what were these motives?”



“To keep you.”



“That’s a pretty good motive as far as I am concerned.”



“Can we change the subject?”



“Not yet.  There’s one more thing I need to tell you.”



“And then you’ll stop?”


“Yes.”



“Okay,” Brian opened his arms in a gesture of defeat.



“I do have to agree that you have your selfish moments.”


“See,” Brian interrupted.



“But ... you would do the same thing for Gus, for Lindsay, for Michael, for Deb and Vic, and Ted and Emmett, and even for your mother, if it came to that.”


“I doubt it.”


“I don’t.  Remember, I know you better than you know yourself.  You always come through when we need you.”



“Done?” Brian asked, wanting this to be over.



“You need to hear these things, Brian, or you start to believe your own PR, that you’re a selfish asshole.  So, here’s to you!”



Justin clinked his glass with Brian’s, and they each took a drink.  Justin turned and leaned back against Brian’s chest.  He loved to feel Brian breathe.  The steady up and down of Brian’s chest was comforting, and Brian’s warm breath over the top of his hair never failed to turn him on.  He could feel his cock stir.



They sipped their wine in silence for a while, content to be close and touching.



After a few minutes, Justin suddenly said, “You have way too many clothes on.”



“You think?”



“Um hmm.  Go put your robe on.”



“Your wish is my command.”



“I might just hold you to that later,” Justin said, grinning.



“Are we going to play slave and master?” Brian asked hopefully.



“You’ll have to wait and see.”



Brian went up to the bedroom and began removing his clothes.  Justin went to the kitchen to check on dinner.  He brought his veggie tray over to the coffee table and refilled the wine glasses.  He heard Brian go into the bathroom and quickly got rid of his own clothes.



When Brian, now in his silk robe, stepped down from the bedroom, he was confronted by a naked Justin lying back against the arm of the couch, sucking on a baby carrot.  His erect penis was painfully obvious between his spread legs.



“Are you the appetizer?” Brian asked, smiling.



“If you want me to be,” Justin replied.



“That goes without saying.”  Brian went to the side of the couch and draped himself across Justin.  Their penises rubbed tantalizingly together.  Justin could feel Brian’s hard-on growing.  They kissed deeply, savoring the warmth and taste of each other’s mouth.  Brian began to rub his hips against Justin.



“Ummmm,” Justin moaned.  “I love the feel of silk, and of your cock.”



“You are very naughty for someone so young.”


“And you love it.”



“I do,” Brian agreed, continuing his rubbing.



Justin reached over with his carrot and scooped some dip from a dish on the tray.  He ran the carrot over Brian’s lips, coating them with the garlicky cream.  He then licked and kissed it all away.  He felt Brian’s hips moving faster.  He placed the carrot between Brian’s lips and pressed it in and out, essentially fucking Brian’s mouth.  Brian groaned.  He spit the carrot out and attacked Justin’s mouth.



All too soon they were desperate for release.  Justin grabbed a condom and put it on Brian.  Brian took the lube and got Justin ready.  When he pressed in, Justin stared deep into his eyes, trying to tell Brian wordlessly how much he loved him and needed him.



A little gasp escaped Justin’s lips as Brian became fully ensconced.  Brian smiled at the sound.  He began a slow in and out rhythm, his eyes never leaving Justin’s.  He wondered how he had been lucky enough to have found this amazing young man who loved him, accepted him, and made his life better just by being with him.  His life was so different, so much richer, when Justin was part of it.  With each thrust he tried to pour these feelings into Justin’s body and soul.  As his movements became more rapid, he saw Justin’s eyes close and his neck arch back in ecstasy.



“I can make him feel things no one else can,” Brian thought, as he continued to work his magic on Justin’s responding body.



He felt Justin bucking up against him and leaned down to kiss him.  “God, I love him,” Brian thought.  He heard Justin moan and saw the boy’s eyes flutter open.



“Tell me when,” Brian whispered.



He hadn’t touched Justin’s cock, but he knew the boy was close.  So was he.  He thrust deeply and circled his hips over Justin’s groin and cock.



“Now,” Justin gasped, and with the next thrust they both came.



Brian lay on top of Justin, breathing rapidly.  It just got better and better.  He kissed Justin who finally opened his eyes and smiled.



“Did you like the appetizer?” Justin whispered.



“Oh yeah, but if that was the appetizer, I don’t know if I’ll be able to stand the main course.”



“I think you will.  There’s much more to come.”



Brian sat up and they both went to the bathroom to clean up.  Justin donned the matching robe that Brian had bought him.  Hand in hand they went back to the couch.  They had a few veggies and some more wine.



Justin looked at Brian and he had to ask, “What were you thinking when you were fucking me?”



“What do you mean?”  Brian looked a little sheepish.



“It was like you were telling me something.”



“Really?  And what was I telling you?”



“That you’re glad you have me, that your life is better with me in it, that you love me.  Am I right?”


Brian blinked once or twice and shook his head in amazement.  “That’s exactly what I was trying to tell you.”



Justin’s sunshine smile radiated across his face.  “See, I know you so well.”



“I guess you do,” Brian admitted.  “So what’s for dinner?”


“Beef bourguignon.”


“Sounds French.”


“It’s kind of stew.  No carbs, but you have to save room for dessert.”


“Okay,” Brian said, standing up.  “I’m hungry.  Let’s eat.”


Brian went to the table taking their wine glasses.  Justin dished up their meal and set it on the table.  He served it in bowls, opting, for Brian’s sake, not to serve it over rice or pasta.  Brian took a bite and declared it delicious.  Justin beamed.



“Where did you learn to make this?”



“My grandmother always served this at family get-togethers.  She’d make a huge batch.  You can keep it in the oven forever.  The longer you cook it, the better it gets.”


“It’s great.  You’re getting to be quite a chef.”


“I like to cook, especially for you.”


Brian smiled back at him.  “Just one of your many talents.”


“You think I have many talents?” Justin probed, always loving to hear compliments from Brian.

“Fishing for compliments?” Brian asked.



Justin grinned at him.



“All right.”  Brian decided to return some of Justin’s praise.  “You do have many talents.  You’re a wonderful artist, a great cook, a sweet and forgiving companion and a fabulous lover.”  Brian stopped and waited for Justin’s reaction.



Justin had a blank look on his face.  Brian began to wonder if somehow he had said something wrong.



“What’s wrong?” Brian asked.



“Nothing,” Justin replied, and a smile began to spread across his face.  “You shocked me speechless.”



“Imagine that!”  Brian was relieved, and amused.



“I don’t think you’ve ever said anything like that to me before.  Do you really mean it?”


“You know I always say what I mean.”



“I love you more right now than I can bear,” Justin said, suddenly propelling himself into Brian’s lap.  Brian wasn’t sure how Justin got there, but he kissed the boy and held him tight to his chest.  God, he loved this kid!



They kissed and explored with tongues and hands, wanting to hold on to this moment.  Brian’s hand ran from Justin’s knee up his thigh to find a stiffening cock under the silk robe.  Justin gasped as Brian took hold of him.  They continued to kiss.  Brian’s hold on Justin’s cock became a gentle tug and the boy moaned.  Brian could feel it stiffen and lengthen.



Continuing to kiss, Brian stood them up.  Then he pulled Justin up to the bedroom.  He undid Justin’s robe and pushed it off the boy’s shoulders, and it dropped to the floor.  He ran his hands up and down Justin’s arms and across Justin’s chest.  He grasped and squeezed each breast, eliciting a moan.  Justin returned the favor, divesting Brian of his robe and licking along Brian’s jaw and collarbone.  They were both fully aroused, eyes dark with lust and breaths short and shallow with intense need.



They kissed hard and deep.  When Brian ended the kiss, he turned Justin around and pressed his body against the boy’s back, holding him securely around the chest.  He felt his aching penis fit naturally into the cleft of Justin’s ass.  Justin leaned back and moaned.  Brian took a small bite of Justin’s delectable neck, and then pushed the boy down on the bed.



“Stick your ass up,” Brian said.



Justin was happy to oblige.  He knew he was going to get a good rimming.  He was right.  In a few minutes Brian had him moaning, panting and begging.  He was so open and ready and his cock dripped and hurt.



“Please, Brian, now!  I need it now!”



“You got it,” Brian replied, only too ready himself.



Condom and lube in place, Brian entered as gently as he could.  He wanted to pamper his baby, show him how special he was.  Brian took it very slowly, but Justin was having none of that.  He pushed back into each thrust, forcing Brian to respond in kind.



“You want it rougher?” Brian asked.



“Harder!” Justin demanded.



“As I said, your wish is my command.”  Brian upped the pace and force of each thrust.



“Yesss,” Justin hissed his satisfaction.



Brian smiled.  “Is that what you want?”



“Perfect!” Justin gasped.



They pounded against each other until they could barely breathe.  Finally they came in a shattering simultaneous orgasm, collapsing in a heap on top of each other.  Time stood still and the world spun out of control for unknown minutes.



“Are you okay?” Brian whispered against Justin’s neck.



“I’m full of lightness and sparks and stars,” Justin gasped.



“What?” Brian asked.



“I don’t know.  I can’t make sense of anything at the moment.”


“Maybe this is what being fucked senseless means.”


“It must be,” Justin whispered.  “Everything and nothing, one and two and one again.”



“What are you talking about?”



“I don’t know.  My brain is scrambled,” Justin jabbered.



“I swear we are going to kill each other one of these times,” Brian groaned, rolling off the boy.



“What a way to go!”



Brian chuckled.  He reached for Justin and rolled him over to face him.  He kissed the boy’s lips, his nose, his eyelids.  He could feel Justin’s heart pounding against his own.  He held this wonderful being tightly but gently in his arms.  He felt a tear escape his eyes.



“Are you crying, Brian?” Justin asked softly.



Brian didn’t deny it.  “Sometimes you make me feel so much, things I never thought I could feel.”



“We are so good together,” Justin agreed.  He turned a bit so that he could have his back against Brian’s chest, and lie cradled against him.  He sighed in complete contentment.



“I hope that sigh wasn’t from boredom,” Brian said.



“How could I be bored after that?” Justin replied.



“Good, then let’s rest a bit,” Brian ventured.



“Umm,” Justin replied, already half asleep.



An hour or so later Justin felt a tongue licking his lips, and warm breath blowing across his face.



“What are you doing?” he asked sleepily.



“Waking you up.”



“Why?”


“I want my dessert.”


“You do?  I thought I’d have to force you to eat it,” Justin said, surprised.



“I’ve burned off enough calories tonight.  I can have dessert if I want it.  What did you make anyway?”



“Apple pie.”



“Why apple pie?”



“Don’t you like apple pie?” Justin asked, afraid Brian wouldn’t like his surprise.



“I love apple pie.  I just don’t eat dessert very often.”



“I hope you like it.  It smelled great when I took it out of the oven.”



“Then let’s have some.”



“Want it a la mode?” Justin asked, getting up.



“Do we have any cheese?” Brian wanted to know.



“I think there’s some cheddar,” Justin replied.  “Why?”



“I’ll have a slice of cheese rather than ice cream with my pie,” Brian stated.



Justin gave him a quizzical look and went to the kitchen to get the pie.  Brian went into the bathroom.  When he returned, Justin was sitting naked on the bed, a plate of pie with cheese in each hand.



“Scrumptious,” Brian said, “and I don’t mean the pie.”



Justin giggled and handed Brian his piece of pie.  They each took a bite of pie and a bite of cheese, Justin following Brian’s lead.



“Delicious,” Brian complimented Justin.



“Umm, it is!  I like it with cheese, not so sweet.  How did you know about cheese with apple pie?  I always have ice cream.”



“My grandmother.  She used to say ‘Apple pie without cheese, is like a kiss without a squeeze’.  I’d laugh every time, and she’d always give me a squeeze to go with it.”  Brian looked a little sad, as he finished speaking.



“Sounds like an interesting lady.”



“She was.”



“Is she dead?”



“Yeah.  She died when I was thirteen, just before we moved here.”



“Do you miss her?”



“It’s been a long time.  I don’t think about her much anymore, but I sure missed her at the time.”



“Was she your father’s mother or your mother’s?”



“My mother’s mother.”



“She doesn’t sound much like your mother.”



“They never got along.  My mother always thought Gran was old fashioned, not up to her standards.”



“Did you see her very often?”



“Not too often, but I always liked going to her place.”



“Why?  Was she fun?” Justin asked.



“Not really, but she never took shit from anyone.”



“Sounds like somebody else I know.”



Brian laughed.  “I guess I did get some of that from her.  She used to say that she was too old to worry what other people thought.  She was going to do what she wanted to do.”



“I think I would have liked her too,” Justin said.  “Tell me more about her.”



“She lived through the Great Depression.  She could stretch money better than anyone I’ve ever seen.  She would take a pound of hamburger, add bread crumbs, onions and a bunch of other stuff, and feed the five of us.  She always said she couldn’t cook without onions.”



Justin smiled.  “Was it good what she made?”



“Yeah.”



“Did she get along with your father?”



“Hell, she never got along with my mother, let alone my father.  She was a teetotaler.  No alcohol ever passed her lips.”



“That’s unusual in your family.  She must have hated your father.”



“Pretty much.  She didn’t tolerate fools well, and she thought my father was a fool.  The worst thing she could call you was ‘You stupid jerk!’, and my dad used to hear it a lot.  It meant you’d made a fucking fool of yourself.”



“Did she ever call you that?”



“Only once that I can remember.”



“What had you done?” Justin was really interested to hear this.



Brian groaned.  “I was twelve, starting puberty.  I had begun to hate school, especially the teacher I had that year.  I was mouthing off in class and not doing my homework.  I ignored most of the assignments.  We visited Gran just after I’d gotten the first report card of that year, before Christmas.  My mother told her I was failing most of my subjects and they didn’t know what to do with me.  My father had tried to beat me back into shape, but that made me more determined to cause them trouble.  Gran pulled me aside and wanted to know why I was doing so poorly.  She said she knew I was smart, so don’t tell her that it was too hard.  I told her I hated my teacher.  She said I was a stupid jerk to let my dislike for this man screw up the rest of my schooling.  How would I ever amount to anything if I did that?  Did I want to end up like my father?  She told me to read, play sports, behave myself and do my work, just get through the year and make something of myself.  She died not long after that, so I never got to show her that I had changed my ways.”



“Did you always do well in school after that?”



“Pretty much.  There were ups and downs, but I never found school very hard and after that I kept my work up.”



“Why do you think she got through to you?” Justin asked.



“Hard to say exactly.  I knew I didn’t want to be like my father.  Gran had had a hard life and she understood the value of hard work.  She showed me I had to get through that one year however I could.  I learned to shut out the bad, and do the things I liked.”



“That’s kind of like what Vic told me about my father, to concentrate on the positives in life, not the negatives.  Do you think older people really are that smart?”  Justin joked.



“I guess you have to learn something after all those years.”



“I bet you’ll be the smartest of all,” Justin vowed.  Brian gave him a vicious look.  “In about thirty years,” Justin added.



“Good recovery!” Brian said.  Then he thought for a moment and asked, “Does that mean you think it’ll take thirty years for me to get smart?”


Justin laughed.  “Interpret it however you want,” he said, finishing his pie.



“Brat!” Brian retorted.  “I’ll always be older and smarter than you.”


“Older maybe,” Justin couldn’t resist saying.



“You’re going to pay for that!” Brian threatened, starting to tickle Justin under the arms.



“Hey,” Justin gasped, trying not to laugh.  “No fair!  Can’t you think of a smarter way to exact payment?”  He giggled, not able to stop himself.



“Oh, now you’ve done it!” Brian replied.  “I’m going to have my way with you.  You’ll be begging and pleading and crying like a little baby.”



“Wanta bet?”  Justin dared him.



Brian pounced.  He rolled Justin over onto his back and pinned him to the bed with his body.  He caught Justin’s hands and held them above the boy’s head.  Justin laughed, and Brian began to formulate his plan.  He stayed on top of Justin and began kissing him languidly, varying the pressure, sometimes delving with his tongue, sometimes sucking leisurely on a lip, sometimes pressing firmly and irresistibly on Justin’s mouth.  He spent several minutes making Justin breathless and compliant beneath him.  Brian knew Justin loved his kisses, and he used every trick he could think of.  I t wasn’t hard because he loved kissing Justin as much as Justin loved being kissed.



“Had enough yet?” Brian asked, when he let Justin take a few deep breaths.



“Is that all ya got?” Justin gasped, so turned on he could barely breathe.



Brian grinned evilly.  Justin had a fleeting sense that maybe he shouldn’t have said that.  His cock was already hard and throbbing.  It had been since Brian’s first kiss.  Brian began licking along Justin’s jaw, down his neck, across his collarbone.  When he got to the nipples, he started sucking.  Brian was determined to make Justin a blithering mass of need.  He licked, sucked, nipped and kissed.  He heard Justin moan and gasp and whimper, but no begging, yet.  He felt Justin twitch and writhe and buck, but no pleading, yet.



Brian stopped.  He transferred Justin’s wrists to one hand and reached down to Justin’s cock with the other.  It was rock hard and dripping.  He gave it a little squeeze.



“Ahhh,” Justin moaned.  “Oh, God.”



“Are we getting there?” Brian asked.



Justin shook his head, setting his jaw and closing his eyes.



“Stubborn little twat,” Brian thought.



There was no further response from the boy, as he fought for control.  Brian smiled to himself.  This kid had too much grit for his own good.  In a battle of wills, Brian was sure he could win, but Justin would make him earn it.



Brian slid up a little on Justin’s body.  He used his free hand to position Justin’s cock between his legs.  Trapped there, Brian began to raise and lower his hips, squeezing Justin’s rock hard shaft with each upward movement.



“Ah, ah, oh!” Justin panted.  He writhed beneath Brian, tossing his head from side to side.  Brian looked at the boy and knew he was close to coming.  He stopped moving and let Justin calm down.



“Ready to give?” Brian asked.



Justin again shook his head, grinding his teeth audibly.



“I’m not going to let you come until you beg me,” Brian stated.



Justin’s breaths were rapid and shallow, but he had regained some control.  “Never,” he gasped.



Brian released Justin’s hands and slid down his body.  He thought Justin might try to escape, but the boy lay still with his eyes closed.  Brian started at the navel, again licking and kissing and nipping.  He worked across Justin’s abdomen, around his groin and along his thighs.  He saw Justin’s hips buck up involuntarily, but he refused to touch the boy’s cock.  He saw it twitch and jerk as his hungry lips passed by.



Justin was moaning and writhing, but not begging.  Brian grabbed the aching rod, and Justin almost came in his hand.  Brian did some masterful pressing to prevent that.  He waited till the moment had passed.  Justin opened his eyes and looked longingly at Brian.  Brian smiled.



Brian took the whole cock into his mouth, and held it there, not moving.



“Fuck, Brian!” Justin gasped.



Brian began a slow up and down motion on the shaft.  Then he held the cap in his lips and sucked.



“God!” Justin yelled.  “Please, Brian, please!”



“Please what?” Brian asked, smiling down at his lover.



“I need to come. Please!”



“Not nearly enough begging,” Brian stated.



Justin reached for his dick, determined to help himself.  Brian grabbed his hand and pulled it away.



“None of that,” Brian said.



“Enough, Brian.  Please,” the boy begged.



Brian took the cock back into his mouth and began working it again.  Justin’s moans got louder and he bucked up into Brian’s mouth.  Brian stopped again, still holding the tip in his mouth, and sucking.



“You asshole!” Justin screamed.  “Please, please!  I can’t stand it!”



Brian released him again and Justin reached for his cock.  Once more Brian prevented him.  Justin rolled over, determined to go to the bathroom and jerk off.  Brian grabbed him and pushed him face down into the bed.  He was once more pinned under Brian’s body.



Brian breathed in his ear, and Justin bit his lip to stop from screaming.  He felt Brian’s hands run up and down his sides, as the man lay on top of him.



“Beg nicely and I’ll finish you off,” Brian whispered.



Justin considered his options in his needy state.  He thought his cock was going to explode if he didn’t get relief soon.  He couldn’t escape from Brian’s grasp, and he knew from experience that Brian had a million ways to bring him to the edge and then leave him hanging.  As desperately as he wanted to win this one, he knew he wasn’t going to, at least not in the traditional sense of winning.



“I give up,” Justin said, and flopped down, completely limp.



Brian looked at Justin’s back and waited.  Nothing happened.  The boy just lay there.



“Justin,” Brian said, “I don’t hear any begging.”



Justin remained silent and unmoving.  He was backing away from the edge of orgasm, and if Brian left him alone a bit longer, he might just win.



“Shit,” Justin said, as he felt Brian’s tongue trace down his spine, into the crack of his ass and stop at his pucker.  He knew he was lost now.  Brian’s tongue licked over the hole and Justin’s cock throbbed.  Brian kissed the hole and gave it a gentle suck.  Justin whimpered.  Brian spit on the pucker and it spasmed.



“Ah, ah, aahh!” Justin moaned.  “Please, oh, please!”



Brian’s tongue darted in and Justin really began to beg.  “Shit, Brian.  I gave up.  Please finish this or else stop.  I’m going crazy.  Please, please, please, pleeeaaasse!”



Brian grinned.  “What do you want me to do, baby?  I’m sorry if I’ve tormented you.”



“I don’t care.  Fuck me or jerk me off.  Just fucking do something!”



Brian turned him over, and with a few caresses of his talented lips, Justin came in his mouth.  The boy lay gasping on the bed, as Brian looked down at his face.  After a minute or two the blue eyes fluttered open and looked up at Brian.



“I could learn to hate you,” Justin said.



“They say there’s a fine line between love and hate,” Brian observed as he ran a finger around each of Justin’s breasts.



“Leave me alone,” Justin said, pushing his hand away.  “How did I get myself into this mess?”



“You always want to prove you can beat me, but you know I’m more experienced and craftier.”



“I should know better than to take on the master manipulator,” Justin retorted.



“What did you say?”



“Nothing.  It doesn’t matter.”



“Yes, it does.  I don’t like being called a manipulator, especially by you.”



“Well, you sure as shit did manipulate me.  You have to admit that.  Besides I was mad about losing.”



“I guess I did,” Brian conceded.



“It was almost too much,” Justin admitted, looking sad.



“I’m sorry, baby.  I thought you were into it.  You really held out for a long time.”



“Yeah.  I actually thought for a minute I might win, if I played dead possum.  But then you started rimming me and I knew it was game over.  I can’t resist that.”



“That’s good to know.”



“Well, it’s not good for me.  I don’t like being on the losing end all the time,” Justin stated.



“Okay.  We won’t do that again,” Brian said, realizing that he had pushed Justin too far and upset him on this special night.



“I didn’t say that.”



“What?”



“I didn’t say that I don’t want to play our games.  Most of the time they’re awesome.  I was mad and frustrated about losing, not about the sex.  You know how to push so many buttons.  I don’t like losing, but I learn something almost every time you fuck me.”



“And what did you learn this time?” Brian asked.



“That it’s possible to love and hate someone at the same time.  That sexual frustration can be both exciting and excruciating.”



Brian chuckled.



“And ... that begging can get you what you want.”



“What kind of a lesson is that?  Don’t use begging that way.”



“You just taught me that.  Now you don’t want me to beg.”



“That was a game. You shouldn’t beg for anything else.  I think I need to teach you a better lesson.”



“Like what?”



“Hmm.  Like how to make a pound of hamburger feed five people.”



Justin burst out laughing.  “There are so many things wrong with that statement coming out of your mouth that I don’t know where to begin.”



“Then don’t start.  Come over here and kiss me.”


Justin did.  They clung together.



Brian said softly, “You know, if I ever push you too far, tell me.  I don’t want to hurt you or upset you.  Don’t be too stubborn to say something.  Is that a deal?”



“Deal,” Justin said.  “Want to pinkie swear?”



“No, I don’t, you twat!”



“I know you’d never hurt me,” Justin whispered.



“I wouldn’t intentionally, but I might by accident.”



“I’ll tell you, I promise.”



“Good.  By the way, thanks for the special dinner, the toast and the pie, and the extras,” Brian said, meaning every word.



“You’re welcome.  I especially enjoyed the extras.”



Brian chuckled, “So did I.”



“I also enjoyed talking,” Justin added.  “You don’t often talk about your family.  We each had a grandmother who influenced us a lot.”



“Are you searching for similarities between us?”



“Sort of, I guess.”



“Well don’t.  It’s our differences I like.”



“There’s lots of those,” Justin said.  “Too numerous to mention.”



“Thank God!  You don’t want to be anything like me.”



“I already am.  You created me in your image.”



Brian grimaced.  He knew that Justin was joking, but there was more truth in that statement than Brian wanted to think about.

Chapter 17 - Fear and Failure by Thyme

 

Fear and Failure  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Brian slid back the loft door.  He was tired.  Being a partner wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.  The days at the office got longer and the work kept piling on.  Vance continued to be an asshole.  He was just waiting for Brian to make a mistake.  He would like nothing better than to have something to hold over him, maybe threaten to push him out.  As a result, Brian had to work extra hard to keep him at bay and prove the son of a bitch wrong.



“Hey,” he said, seeing Justin sitting on the couch, holding a piece of paper.



“Hey,” was the response, but he didn’t even look at Brian.



“What a warm welcome!” Brian said sarcastically.  He liked it when Justin flung himself into his arms as soon as he opened the door.  He groaned inwardly.  Did this mean he was going to have another problem to deal with?



“Sorry,” he heard Justin say.  The boy came over and gave him a warm kiss.



“That’s better,” Brian thought, getting rid of his coat.  He went up to the bedroom to get out of his suit and into some jeans.



When he stepped down from the bedroom, Justin was putting a bowl of pasta on the table.  They sat down to eat.



“Umm, good,” Brian said, enjoying the home cooking Justin was getting so good at.



“Thanks,” Justin replied, saying nothing more.



Brian knew a quiet Justin meant something was going on.  He had to ask, “What’s up?”



“What do you mean?” Justin asked, not sure he was ready to talk about it yet.



“That means it’s something big,” Brian thought.  “Don’t be coy.  It doesn’t become you,” Brian said rather testily.



“I’m thinking about something.”



“What?”



“Don’t get mad, and I’ll tell you.”



Brian didn’t like the sound of that.  “Just spill,” he said.



“I’ve been selected for a special art program,” Justin began.



“Congratulations.”



“Thanks, but there’s more to it.”



Brian had thought so.  Otherwise, Justin would have been bouncing up and down, not quiet and pensive.  “Continue.”



“It’s a course that lasts from January to May.”



“I don’t see any problem so far,” Brian said, getting impatient.



“It’s in New York City,” Justin said, holding his breath.



There it was.  Justin was going to New York for five months.  Brian stopped eating, having a lot of trouble swallowing what was in his mouth.  He looked intently at Justin, trying to decide what to say.



“It must be a very special program,” Brian said, making the statement as positive and non-committal as he could manage.



“It is.  I applied, not really thinking I’d get chosen.  There are only two spots from PIFA.  They chose me and Joanne Barker.”



“Congratulations again,” Brian said, emptying his wine glass.  He quickly refilled it, now wanting to drink, not eat.



Justin reached over and touched Brian’s hand, effectively stopping Brian from drinking any more.



“I haven’t said I’ll go,” Justin said, looking into Brian’s eyes.



“Well, you should go,” Brian replied, looking intently at the fridge.



“I should?” Justin asked.



“Of course.  It sounds like a big opportunity.”



“It is ... I guess.”



“Then you should go.”



“You sound like you want me to go,” Justin said, feeling confused.  Did Brian want him to go away?



“I do.”



“What?”



“I do.  Remember when I thought I was going to get a job in New York.  I was ready to go.  You should be too.”



“But things have changed since then.”  Justin’s voice quivered.



“Yes, they have.  But also they haven’t.  You should grab this experience.  You’re young.  It’s a great opportunity.  Go for it, Justin.



“It almost sounds like you’ll be glad to see me go.”



“I didn’t say that.”



“Don’t you want me here?”  The quiver in Justin’s voice was more noticeable.



“Of course I do, but you shouldn’t pass up a chance like this.  I don’t want to hold you back from all the experiences that life has to offer.”



“Well, I’m not going!  I’m not leaving you!”



Brian’s heart leaped.  That was exactly what he wanted Justin to say and do.  He needed him here.  But how could he be that selfish?  Justin deserved this opportunity.  He had been through so much.  Brian had to let him go.



“Justin, as much as I want you here, I can’t let you do that.”



Justin looked relieved at the first part of Brian’s statement, and heartbroken at the end of it.



“You really want me to go?  To leave you?” he asked, tears welling up.  He tried to fight them back.



Brian didn’t know how to answer that.  He honestly thought that Justin should take this opportunity, but he also wanted him in Pittsburgh in his bed every night.  He wasn’t sure he could survive five months without Justin, but he didn’t want to hold the boy back from the success he deserved.



Finally, with a sigh, he said, “I don’t want you to go, but ... you’re going.  It would be stupid not to.  You don’t want me to have to call you a ‘stupid jerk’, do you?”



Justin smiled ruefully at that.  “I never want to be called that,” he said, remembering Brian’s story about his grandmother.  “Do you really think I should go?”



“Yes. I do.”



“But what about us?” Justin asked.



“There’ll still be an ‘us’.  Just because you go to New York doesn’t mean we’re through.”



“Are you sure?  We’ve never been apart for more than a few days, since we got back together.”



“I know.  It won’t be easy,” Brian admitted.



“I don’t know if I can do it.  I don’t want to be away from you.  I’m afraid something bad will happen.”



“Like what?  You’ll find a better lover?  Impossible.  You’ll forget me?  I’m unforgettable.  You’ll fall in love with New York and refuse to come back to the Pitts?  Very possible.”



Justin had to laugh at that.  “You do have a high opinion of yourself.  I’d never forget you or replace you, but you might find someone to replace me.  You can have your pick of just about anyone.”



“Just about anyone?’



“All right!  Anyone.  Everyone.  That’s the problem.”



“No, it isn’t.  Haven’t you figured out that I’m impossible to live with?  No one else can do the job.  Only you.”



“Oh, Brian,” Justin said.  “I love you.”  He leapt from his chair and flung himself at Brian.  On Brian’s lap he kissed him again and again and again.  Finally he stopped and hugged Brian as hard as he could, like he would never let go.



“You’re squeezing the fucking life out of me,” Brian said.



“I’m sorry, but I don’t want to let you go.”



“I’m not going anywhere; you are, and it won’t be for a few weeks yet.  We have lots of time to be together before that happens.”



“It won’t be enough.  Will you come to New York some weekends to visit me?  I’ll be so lonely without you.”



“I think that could be arranged,” Brian said softly, realizing that Justin had made the decision to go.  He didn’t know whether to be happy for the boy or sad for himself.



“I don’t know whether to be excited or miserable,” Justin said, mirroring Brian’s emotions.



Brian laughed.  “I was just thinking the same thing.”



“Will you make love to me right now?  I need to be close to you.”



Brian kissed him and they walked up to the bedroom.  They slowly undressed each other, wanting to memorize the look, the touch, the feel of each other.  Brian wondered how he could survive five months without his boy.  They were so in tune, so perfectly suited.  He would be so lonely, so bereft.  “How did I become so dependent on him?” Brian wondered.  “I’m going to have to pull away or I’ll never be able to let him go.  But not tonight,” he thought.



They came together in passion and lust and love. The feeling was bittersweet at first.  They turned each other on and pushed each other to the limits of bearable ecstasy.  This time it went beyond.  The need to be together, to be close, to be one was excruciating.  The physical aspect of it exhausted them, but the emotional aspect filled them with love and longing and wonderment.



“What am I going to do without you for five months?” Brian whispered, as he tried to make his breathing come back to normal.



“You don’t have to.  Come to New York every weekend,” Justin suggested, only half kidding.



Brian chuckled.  “I do have other things to do, you know.”



“Tricks?” Justin asked, not really wanting to hear the answer.



“I haven’t tricked in months.  You’re too exhausting.”



“But if I’m not here.”



“I can’t promise I won’t,” Brian said seriously.  He really wanted to make that promise, but didn’t think he would be able to keep it.  “You know me, but I know I don’t really want anyone but you.”



“Could you take a week or two off and stay with me in New York?  We could space it out,” Justin said hopefully.



“Maybe,” Brian said, liking the sound of that.  “But things are a little tense at work.  Vance would still like to get me if he can.  I have to stay on top of things.”



“That doesn’t sound very promising,” Justin sighed.



“I know, but I’m not sure what I’ll be able to do.  I don’t want to make promises I can’t keep.”



“But you’ll come if you can?”



“Of course.  I’ll come and come and come,” Brian joked, trying to lighten the moment.



“You and your sexual innuendos.”



“They’re more than innuendos!”



“True,” Justin said.  “Want to show me again?”



“Always.”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



The next morning they awoke wrapped around each other, still basking in the togetherness they had shared the night before.  On some level they were both worried.  The reality of being separated was never far from the surface of their thoughts and none of the activities, no matter how orgasmic, could wipe that nagging worry away.



They had a little morning action in the shower, and when they had finished each other off, they clung together not wanting to part for work or school.  Eventually they had to leave the safety of the shower and face the real world.  As they shaved, side by side, Justin asked, “What are you going to do without me?”



“I don’t know,” Brian answered honestly.



“You can do as many guys as you want,” Justin offered.  “I know you have a huge sexual appetite.”



Brian snorted, and went quickly into the bedroom.  He dressed in a hurry.



“Brian,” Justin said from the bathroom, “don’t walk away from me.”


“I don’t want to hear this,” Brian said rather severely.



“But we should talk about it.”



“No, we shouldn’t.  Not now.  Maybe never,” Brian said, finishing dressing.



Justin stepped into the bedroom.  “I just mean that it’s all right if you trick while I’m gone.  You don’t need to tell me.  I’ll understand that it’s necessary.”



“Shut the fuck up, Justin!” Brian said, struggling with his emotions.  He wanted to promise Justin that there would be no one else, wanted that so badly, but he knew he couldn’t say that because he didn’t think he could do it.  He didn’t want to hear Justin giving him permission to be weak.



“But it’s all right, Brian,” Justin continued.



“What part of shut the fuck up don’t you understand?” Brian demanded.  He grabbed his coat and keys and stormed out.  As he slammed the loft door behind him, he heard Justin call his name, but he kept on going.



He drove to work on automatic pilot, refusing to think about what had happened, and what the future would be like with Justin in New York.



“Morning, boss,” Cynthia said, as he walked into the office.



“Yeah,” Brian grunted, not even stopping.



“It’s going to be a good day,” Cynthia thought to herself.  A response like that meant Brian was in a foul mood.  She decided she better suck it up and see if she could help.



“Brian?” she said, sticking her head into his office.



“What?” he snapped.



“Well, excuuuse me!” she replied.  “I thought you might like to go over the program for today, but apparently you just want to bite my head off.”



“Sorry,” Brian said, realizing he was being a prick, and was taking out his bad humors on Cynthia.  “Come on in.”



“That’s better,” she said, sitting down.



“Don’t start!” he warned her.



“Start what?” she asked innocently.



He groaned and gave her the look that said leave it alone.  She wasn’t about to.  “You might as well tell me.  Otherwise you’ll never get anything done all day.”



Brian didn’t want to talk about it, but he knew Cynthia was right.



“Justin’s going to New York for five months for a special art program,” Brain said, trying to make the statement without revealing his feelings.



“Oh,” Cynthia said.  She didn’t know what else to say.  “When does he leave?”



“Middle of January.”



“That gives you a few weeks.”



“Yeah.”



“You can visit him.”



“Sure.”



“You could take a couple of weeks off and go to New York.”



“Right.”



“I don’t know what else to say,” Cynthia gave up.



“That makes two of us.”



They looked at each other, not knowing how to make it any better.



“Let’s get to work,” Brian said finally, wanting to work about as much as he wanted Justin to be separated from him.



The long and boring day gradually slipped away.  As soon as he could, Brian started to tidy up his desk, getting ready to leave.



“I’m off,” Cynthia said, sticking her head into his office.  “See ya tomorrow.”



“Good night,” Brian replied.  “And ... I’ll try to be in better humor tomorrow,”



“That would be nice,” Cynthia responded.  “I probably shouldn’t say this, but I understand that it will be difficult for you with Justin in New York.”



Brian grimaced.



“I want you to know I’m always ready to listen if you want to talk.  I’ll do anything I can to help.”



Brian was touched by her offer, but he refused to appear needy.  “Thanks, but you’re the wrong gender,” Brian joked.



Cynthia blushed.  “That wasn’t what I was offering,” she stammered.



“I know.  I do appreciate your concern.  Good night,” he said, not wanting this to go any further.



Cynthia took off.



“Shit,” Brian thought.  “She feels sorry for me.  Everyone else will too.  That’s the last thing I need.  How am I going to keep them all from smothering me?  The only one I want is the one who won’t be here.”



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



All the way to the loft Brian tried to figure out what he was going to say to Justin.  He knew the boy would be mad about him walking out this morning.  How was he going to explain that without laying himself bare to Justin’s pity?  The kid would be all too ready to say he was staying in Pittsburgh, if Brian gave him the least reason.  He didn’t want to do that.



As he approached the loft, the knot in his stomach got larger and tighter.  Instead of turning on to his street, his hands kept the Jeep going straight, and he knew he was heading to the comic book store.  He wasn’t ready to face Justin.



Michael looked up from the computer when the bell above the door jingled.  He was getting ready to close.  There were no customers in the store.



“Hey, stranger,” Michael said, smiling.



“Hey, yourself,” Brian replied.



“Haven’t seen you for awhile,” Michael observed, a little hurt that Brian didn’t make an effort to see him more often.



“Yeah,” was Brian’s only reply.



“So what brings you by?”



“Want to grab something to eat at the diner?”



Michael looked at him, wondering what was going on.  “Sure,” he said, “but I better give Ben a call.”  He turned to the phone as Brian watched him.



Brian wondered what he was doing there.  He should be talking to Justin, but he was sure it would lead to a fight, and he just couldn’t face that.  Michael was always so accepting, rarely fought with him, but also didn’t pity him.  That’s what he needed right now.  He wondered how much he could tell Michael.



“Brian.”  He vaguely heard Michael.  “Brian.  Earth to Brian.  Where were you?”  Michael asked.



“Thinking,” Brian replied.



“Ben’s still at the university.  He’s got some papers to grade, and he’ll grab a bite there, so let’s go.”



“Do you always check in with him?” Brian asked.



“Sure, don’t you check with Justin?”



“No, not always,” Brian said, realizing that Justin was probably wondering where he was right now, why he hadn’t come home.  He pushed that thought away.  “Come on,” he said, heading out of the store.



They walked the couple of blocks to the diner, and grabbed a booth.  Debbie was working this shift and came right over.



“Hi, you two.  What are you doing here for dinner without your significant others?”



“Boys night out,” Brian replied.



“Left the little women at home?” she joked.



“Ma, Ben would not appreciate that!”



“Sorry, so what’ll you have?”



They ordered and Debbie bustled away.



“How are things at the store?” Brian asked, not ready to talk about anything more serious.



“Doing okay.  I had this snot-nosed little brat come in on the weekend.  He was with his father, probably had the kid for the weekend.  He pressured his father to buy him $300 worth of comics.”



“Lucky little shit!” Brian commented.



“Yeah, except that he didn’t seem very happy, even after he got everything he wanted.  Whined the whole time.”



“How do you put up with people like that?”



“Same way you do with clients you don’t like.  It’s business.”


“Yeah,” Brian agreed.



Dinner arrived without comment from Debbie, who had several other tables to look after.  They started to eat, Michael watching Brian, trying to figure out why they were there.



“Justin’s going to New York for five months,” Brian said, out of the blue.



“What?  Five months?  Why?”  So this was why Brian had sought out his best friend.  He was worried about Justin going away.



“He got selected for some special art program there.”



“Oh!  He never told me,” Michael said, thinking about Rage.



“He just found out yesterday.”



“And he’s going?  Just like that?”



“He said he wasn’t going at first, but I told him he had to go.  He shouldn’t pass up an opportunity like this.”

“You told him to go?”



“Yeah.”



“But don’t you want him here?”



“Of course I do, but I’m not going to stand in his way.”



Michael thought about this.  “I’m not sure I could let Ben go away for five months.  When he told me he was going to go to Tibet, I thought I would die.  I finally told him it was all right to go, but I was so relieved when he changed his mind.”



“But Justin is going,” Brian said definitely.



“You can visit him on weekends,” Michael offered.



“Yeah,” Brian snorted.  “Everybody seems to think that makes it all right.  There’s a lot of days between weekends.”



“What are you saying?”



“I don’t know.  I’m worried ... scared,” Brian admitted.



Michael was dumbfounded.  He could not remember Brian ever saying he was scared about anything, except that horrible night of the prom when Justin almost died.



“What do you think is going to happen?” Michael asked.



“I wish I knew.”



“Do you think you can trust him?” Michael had to ask, remembering the Ethan fiasco, and his role in it.



“I can trust him,” Brian said, sure of that.  “It’s me who can’t be trusted.”



“What?”



“You heard me.  Even Justin knows I can’t be trusted.  This morning he gave me permission to trick while he’s gone.  That’s how weak he thinks I am.  We had a fight about it.”



“Is that why you’re here?” Michael asked.



“Yeah.”



“What can I do?”



“You’re doing it.”



“What do you mean?” Michael smiled.



“You listen.  You don’t judge.  You don’t pity me.”



“Pity you?” Debbie asked, coming to the table and hearing the end of Brian’s statement.



“Don’t start, Deb,” Brian said.



Michael gave his mother a look that told her to back off.  “Let’s go, Brian,” he said.



Brian threw down some money, and they stood up to leave.



“See ya,” Deb added, as they went out the door.  She couldn’t help but wonder what was going on.  She’d find out from Michael later.



Michael and Brian walked back to the Jeep.



“I’ll drive you to Ben’s,” Brian said.



“Thanks,” Michael replied, “but you’re going to have to go home and face him eventually.”



“I know, but I’ll drive you anyway.”



They got in the Jeep and Brian began to drive.



“What are you going to do about Justin?” Michael asked.



“Apologize for walking out on him.”


“And...”



“And make sure he grabs this chance.”



“And?”



“What are you getting at?” Brian asked testily.



“You two need to work out what’s going to happen while Justin’s away,” Michael said sensibly.



“But I don’t know what’s going to happen ... to him ... or to me.  That’s the problem.”



“I think you do know, but that’s what you’re too scared to discuss with him.”



“What?”



“The only other time I’ve ever heard you say you were scared was when Justin got bashed.  You were afraid he might die, that you were going to lose him.  Is that what you think now, that he’ll find someone else or not come back?  That’s what you need to talk to him about.  As long as he wants to come back to you, everything else, including tricks, won’t really matter.”



Brian glanced over at Michael, not saying anything, but absorbing what he had said.  He didn’t reply for a minute or two.  Michael waited.  They pulled up to Ben’s apartment building.  Michael made no move to get out of the car.



“You think if he promises to come back, everything will be fine?” Brian finally asked.



“I didn’t say that.  There are no guarantees.  Either one or both of you could screw up while you’re apart.  What I meant was that you need to talk about what he means to you.  He has to know he’s the important one.  I know he’s told you how important you are to him.  That’s what will bring him back, if that’s what you want.  Nothing else that happens will change that.”



“You think so?’



“I do.”



“You’re telling me to bare my soul to him.”



“Yes.  I know that isn’t high on your list of things to do, but I think you need to do it, for both your sakes.”



“Easy for you to say.”  Brian grimaced.



“I didn’t say it would be easy, Brian.  But I think you know I’m right.”



“I guess I do.”



“Good.  Then go do it!” Michael said, getting out of the car.  He leaned back in, looking into Brian’s eyes.  “I really am trying to help,” he said honestly.



“Thanks, Mikey,” Brian said, as he leaned over and gave him a kiss.



Brian drove off.  All the way to the loft he mulled over what Michael had said.  He knew deep down that Michael was right.  He needed to tell Justin how important he was in his life and in his heart.  Their worst problems had been the result of Brian holding back, refusing to reveal the depths of his feelings for Justin.  Brian wondered if he would always feel that reluctance to expose himself, even to Justin.  They had come a long way in communicating, but Brian knew he often didn’t say the things that Justin wanted to hear.  Even when he actually wanted to say them, it was still hard for him to get them out.  He was such a coward.  Instinct and experience told him to keep his feelings to himself.  Revealing too much gave others the power to hurt you.  But he knew Justin didn’t want to hurt him, only to love him.  He made his decision as he pulled up to the loft.  He would tell Justin what he knew the boy needed to hear, and what was true.  He would do this and suffer the consequences whatever they might be.



Brian took a deep breath and pulled back the loft door.  Justin sat on the couch, his back to the door.  He didn’t even glance up at Brian.



“Justin,” Brian said, knowing this was going to be difficult.



The boy turned cold, sad eyes on him, but didn’t say anything.



“I’m sorry,” Brian said, not knowing how else to begin.



“Sorry’s bullshit!” Justin retaliated, hitting back at Brian with his own words.  “How many times have I asked you not to walk out on me?”



Brian groaned.  “I was angry.  Sometimes you just won’t back off, no matter how much I ask you to.”



“So now it’s my fault!”  Justin’s voice rose in anger.



“I don’t want to fight.  That’s not why I came home.”



“It took you long enough to get here.  Where have you been?”



“Work.  Michael,” Brian replied.



“Michael?”



“I needed to talk to someone.”



“But not me!”


“No, not you.  Someone not involved.”



“I just don’t get it.  All we’ve been through, with Frank’s counseling, promises we’ve made, and you still walk out on me and go to someone else.”  Justin shook his head.



“I said I was sorry,” Brian repeated lamely.



“What are you sorry about anyway?” Justin demanded, wanting to see if Brian really got the point.



“That I make you angry.  That we can’t work things out without all this crap!”



Justin looked at him, trying to comprehend what Brian was telling him.



“I have something to say to you,” Brian said, deciding he better get this out before another fight prevented it or, more likely, before he chickened out.



“What?” Justin asked, allowing his anger to subside a little.



“I don’t want you to go to New York, but I still think you should go.  I stormed out this morning because I was ... I am ... scared.”  There he had said it.



“Scared?”  Justin’s eyes were huge.  “Of what?”


“Of everything.  Of losing you.  Of being alone.  Of screwing everything up.  I have such a good track record in that department.  Of tricking.  Of being weak.  Of failing you.”



“Failing me?” Justin asked in disbelief.  “I thought you thought I’d fail you.  You know, like the Ethan thing.”


“I’m scared of that too,” Brian admitted.  “I don’t know if we can survive being apart for that long.  We‘ve had enough troubles being together.  We always seem to manage to fuck up somehow.”


“Maybe I shouldn’t go.  That would solve everything,” Justin said, seeing that as the only solution.



“What would that solve?  We’ll be together, but you’ll have resentment that you missed this big opportunity.  You’d always wonder what might have been.  Somewhere down the line we’re going to be separated, or we’ll have to give up every exciting opportunity that comes along.  I think we need to do this.  It will be a good test of our trust and commitment to each other.”


“But if I go, we could fail the test.  What can we do?”



“There’s one thing,” Brian said, remembering Michael’s advice.  He took a deep breath.



“What?” Justin asked, looking desperate.  “Tell me, Brian.”



“I love you.  You are the most important person in the world to me.  I’m going to be miserable and pathetic and insane without you, but you need to go, seize this opportunity.  I’ll do my best not to trick or do anything else that will ruin what we have together.  But even if I screw up, you have to know that you are the one I want, the only one I want, the only one I love.  We can survive this test.”



“Oh, Brian, I feel exactly the same way.  We can’t guarantee that nothing bad will happen, but I’ll still love you no matter what, and I’ll be back.  Guaranteed!”



Justin stood and found himself wrapped in Brian’s arms.



“That’s what I was trying to tell you this morning,” Justin said, “but it didn’t come out right.”



“I wasn’t much in the mood to listen either.”


“Were you really scared?”



“Shitless!”



Justin laughed.  “Why didn’t you say so?”



“You know I don’t do fear,” Brian tried to joke.



“So why are you admitting it now?”



“Michael.”


“Michael?” Justin was floored.



“He told me to tell you how important you are to me, and then it would be more likely that you’d come back.”


“He said that?”



“Yep.”



“When did Michael get so smart?” Justin asked.



“Since he went through the same thing when Ben was going to go to Tibet,” Brian explained.



“But Ben didn’t go.”



“Yeah, but they still had to face it, and deal with it, before he made the decision to stay here.”



“I guess,” Justin said.  “I still think maybe it would be best for me to stay here too, forget about the course in New York.”



“No fucking way!  You’re going and we’ll deal with it.”


“Are you sure?”



“I’m sure!  Now get out of those clothes.  I have to fuck you blind, so you won’t be able to even look at anyone else while you’re gone.”



“That sounds like a tall order,” Justin said, grinning.  “Think you can manage that?”



“Let’s get started, now!”  Brian wasn’t kidding.  He hoped he could stockpile enough sex, enough memories, enough love, to see him through five months without his Justin.  He was sure as shit going to try!


Chapter 18 - Impending Separation by Thyme

 

Impending Separation  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Brian stood at the window of the loft.  His hand held back the curtains and he stared into the darkness.  It was 3 am and he was naked and sleepless and miserable.  In two days Justin was leaving for New York, leaving him behind.  He tried to put a brave face on it during the day, but at night it was impossible.  He hadn’t slept much in the last couple of weeks.  As the day of Justin’s departure drew closer, he slept less and less.  The long hours of night brought all of his pain and fear to the surface, and he couldn’t drive it away.



He glanced back into the darkness of the bedroom.  He could make out Justin’s blond head as he slept.  Two more nights and the bed would be empty.  How was he going to stand it?



Reluctantly he forced his eyes away from Justin, and back to the darkness beyond the window.  It was snowing, big fluffy flakes that waltzed and sashayed their way to the ground.  They all looked the same as they passed the window, but each one was unique, according to the scientists.  Unique, like his Justin, the most amazing one-of-a-kind creature on the face of the Earth.



Brian bit back a sob.  He would not cry.  He never cried, and he would not start now.  He focused on a snowflake and tried to follow it on its journey to the street below.  As it descended, it blended together with all the rest, and he couldn’t distinguish it anymore.  He blinked hard and felt a tear escape his eyes.  Was Justin going to be like that snowflake?  Would he fall away from Brian when he went to New York, and eventually become indistinguishable from all the other men Brian had known?  He hoped not, but he feared it might be so.  He didn’t believe absence would make the heart grow fonder.  He feared absence would dull the heart, and they would lose each other.  Things would never be the same.



He gulped some air, realizing that he had been holding his breath, as he watched the snowflake descend.  He heard Justin turn over, and waited to see if the boy would wake up.  When no further sound resulted, Brian looked back at the snow, and allowed his thoughts to take over again.



Since the night that Justin announced that he had been selected for the special art program in New York, Brian had pushed the boy to go.  He truly believed that Justin owed it to himself to take this opportunity.  Brian knew how talented Justin was, and wanted him to have every chance to develop his skills.  After all, Justin had been through so much, and he deserved to go to New York and be a big success.



Brian swallowed hard.  The flip side of all this was that they would be apart.  Justin had made Brian promise to come to New York as many weekends as he could manage.  He would do that, but he also knew he had problems at work, with Vance, and he didn’t know how many weekends he would be able to take off.  Then there were all those Mondays to Fridays when he would come home to an empty loft and an empty bed.  He clenched his fist wondering how he was going to survive.  He didn’t know.



They had spent the last few weeks being together as much as they could.  Justin had wanted to have a big Christmas party, but Brian had wanted the young man all to himself.  They had made some necessary holiday visits, but mainly had holed up in the loft by themselves, made love and savored being together.



Brian thought about Christmas Day.  He always hated holidays, but when he awoke with Justin cuddled against him, he knew he wouldn’t hate that day.  He kissed Justin awake and they made love in the morning light.  They had omelets that Justin cooked to perfection, eating on the couch in front of the Christmas tree that Justin had begged to have.  They had exchanged gifts with friends and family on Christmas Eve, but had saved their presents for each other until that morning.



Breakfast finished, Justin pulled out a large flat package and handed it to Brian.



“I hope you like it,” he said shyly.



Brian wondered what it was, but started pulling off the paper.  It looked like a suit box, as he removed the paper.  He couldn’t believe Justin would buy him clothes.  He lifted the lid rather tentatively.  He pushed the tissue paper aside, and gasped.



“Justin, it’s wonderful!” he said.  He leaned over and gave Justin a soft, lingering kiss.



“You mean it?” the boy asked.



Brian lifted the frame carefully out of the box, and looked at a drawing of his lover, sunshine smile beaming back at him.



“I didn’t think you liked drawing yourself,” Brian said, rubbing his hand up and down the side of the frame, like he was caressing the boy himself.



“I don’t, but I thought you might like a reminder of me.  I wouldn’t want you to forget me,” he said softly.



“No chance that’ll happen,” Brian averred.  “We’ll have to find a good spot to hang it.”



“How about the bedroom?” Justin asked, grinning.



“Sounds appropriate,” Brian smiled.



Justin beamed at him.



“I love it,” Brian said again.  “I hope you like your present.  It isn’t nearly so creative.”



“What is it?” Justin asked, wondering if Brian got him something romantic.  He was pretty sure there was no hustler hiding anywhere in the apartment.



Brian fished out a small package hidden on the tree.  Justin ripped off the paper and found three Liberty Air envelopes.  He looked at Brian.



“They’re three open-ended tickets from New York to Pittsburgh return.  You can use them on any flight where a seat is available,” Brian explained.



Justin hadn’t said a word, and Brian began to worry that he didn’t like the present.  Maybe he thought Brian was trying to control his time in New York.



“I ... I thought you could come here a few times, if I had to stay here for business.  We could still be together on those weekends ... if you were here,” Brian ended hopefully.



“You really do want to be with me, don’t you?” Justin broke his silence.



“Haven’t I been telling you that?”



“Yes ... but you’ve also made it clear that you want me to go, and that you might not be able to see me very often.”



“I thought these could be used for times I can’t get away.”



“This is the best present, Brian,” Justin said.  “It tells me that you really care and want us to be together.”


“Was it romantic enough?” Brian had to ask.



“It’s better than romantic.  It’s real and tangible.  Now we can see each other even more.  Thank you.”



“I’m glad you like it,” Brian said, touched that Justin realized what Brian was telling him through this gift.



Justin slid closer and kissed his man.  “How about a holiday fuck?” he whispered.



“Talking dirty again, little boy?” Brian grinned.



“Yes, and you love it.”



“How do you know?”



“I have my ways,” Justin said.  His hand had wandered to Brian’s crotch, and he could feel the effect of his words through the silk of Brian’s robe.  Brian groaned as Justin’s hand grasped his cock.



“We should hang your portrait,” Brian said.



“Later,” Justin stated.



“You taking control?” Brian asked.



“Want me to?”



“Sure.”



“Then lay back,” Justin said.  He began by sliding his hands up Brian’s thighs and pushing open his robe.  He buried his face in Brian’s crotch, eventually taking Brian’s stiffening cock into his mouth.  He looked up into Brian’s face, as he sucked the tip.  Brian smiled down at him, until his head went back and his eyes closed in pleasure.



Justin worked his rod up and down and around, licking and sucking, until Brian shouted his release and pumped his cum into Justin’s waiting mouth.  Justin swallowed and licked his lips.



“Yum,” he said, as he crawled up Brian’s body and kissed him deeply.  Brian could taste himself in Justin’s mouth.



“Did you like that?” Justin asked.



“Mmm,” Brian answered.



Justin lay on top of Brian’s magnificent body.  He ran his hands over Brian’s torso and licked his ear.  “I want to fuck you,” Justin whispered, never wanting to be separated from this body.



“You do?”



“Mm hmm.”



“Now?”



“Yes, please.”



Brian knew he could refuse Justin nothing this day.  “Okay.”



“You mean it?”



“I always say what I mean.”



Justin had begun rubbing against Brian’s groin.  Their cocks were responding accordingly.  After a few minutes of kissing and rubbing, they were both ready.



“I want to look at you while I make love to you,” Justin said.  He didn’t fuck Brian very often, but when he did, it was almost always from behind.  This time he felt the need to see Brian’s face and look into his eyes, as he pleasured his lover.



“All right,” Brian agreed, understanding what Justin needed.



Justin smiled at him and gave him another kiss.  He pushed down a cushion from the back of the couch and pulled Brian’s ass up on it.  He pushed Brian’s knees up and apart which gave him complete access to his lover’s hole.



He buried his face between Brian’s legs, licking and sucking his balls, the whole time his hands running up and down Brian’s legs.  He could never touch Brian enough.  His tongue licked back and forth across Brian’s pucker.  He sucked at the pink hole and heard Brian take in a breath.  He looked and the pucker twitched in response.  His tongue darted in and Brian grabbed his hair and moaned, “Justin.”  His tongue darted in and out, going deeper with each entry.  Brian’s hips pushed back, wanting more.  His moans grew louder, as Justin’s tongue went deeper.



“Fuck!” Brian gasped.



“Ready?” Justin asked.



Brian grabbed Justin and pulled him on top of his body, kissing him and sucking his tongue into his mouth.  They were both on fire, hips gyrating against each other, pace becoming frantic, kisses demanding and deep.



Finally breathless, Brian released him.  From hooded eyes, full of lust and longing, he looked at Justin and whispered, “Now.”



Justin donned a condom and lubed it.  Kneeling between Brian’s legs, he positioned the tip of his cock at the spasming hole.  He pressed into the tightness of Brian’s body, loving the feel of warmth and pressure there.  Brian gave a gasp at the first penetration.  Justin waited, looking into the dark and hazy eyes beneath him.  He could feel the heat smouldering between them and he burned with love for this man.  He smiled down at Brian and thrust in the rest of the way.  A breath rushed from Brian’s lips and his eyes closed for a moment.  Then he opened them, knowing that Justin wanted them to look at each other.  Justin began his rhythm, Brian responding by meeting each thrust in kind.  From this position Brian could feel Justin hit his prostate on most forward movements.  He groaned his pleasure and saw Justin smile in response.  He loved this boy more than he could ever say or believe or admit.  They burned for each other.  Justin’s thrusts were becoming faster and more shallow as his orgasm built.  On one deeper thrust Justin leaned over and kissed Brian, their eyes locking in understanding and love.



“I love you,” Justin gasped.



“Back at you,” Brian whispered, smiling up at him.



Justin grabbed Brian’s cock and began tugging on it in rhythm with his thrusts.  He heard Brian take in gasping breaths and knew they were both almost there.  A few more thrusts and tugs, and he heard Brian yell, “Oh, God!  Now!!”



He felt Brian’s cum hit his stomach and he shot his own load inside Brian’s hole.  He collapsed on top of the man, breathless and speechless.  They lay together for a few minutes, finding it impossible to do anything else, and wanting to stay close.  Justin’s cock was still inside Brian and Brian’s cum glued them together, as Justin lay on his lover’s chest.



“That was intense!” Justin gasped in a while.  “I never want to move.”



“I don’t think I can,” Brian whispered.



They stayed joined like that a bit longer, until Justin finally pulled out and disposed of the condom.  That done, he lay back down on top of Brian who had not moved.  His head rested against Brian’s throat.



“Can we get up?  This isn’t very comfortable,” Brian finally said, his ass still elevated on the cushion and his head pressed into the arm of the sofa.



“Sorry,” Justin said, “but I want to be close to you.”



“Let’s be close in the shower,” Brian said, and they were.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian continued to watch the snow flutter past the window, the memories of that day so clear and close.  He would always think of that day whenever he thought of Christmas.  Now he had one good Christmas memory to replace all of the bad ones.  They had fucked away the rest of the day, never getting enough of each other.  It was a perfect day.



Over the holiday period they rarely left the loft, being too in need of each other to tolerate anyone else being around them.  They did go to Babylon on New Year’s Eve and met up with the gang.  They came late, drank a bit, danced a lot, kissed when the new year arrived, and were gone shortly after.  They raced back to the loft to fuck and kiss and fuck and sleep and fuck and eat and just fuck.  They didn’t reappear for five days, when Brian had to go back to work and Justin to school.



Brian heard Justin tossing around in the bed.  He looked over, but the boy seemed to have settled down again.  He turned back to the snow, once again feeling tears come too close to falling.



“Brian,” a voice said softly.  Justin stood there wrapped in a sheet.



“Did I wake you?  I was trying to be quiet,” Brian said, blinking hard to force the tears away.



“I was reaching for you in the bed and you weren’t there.”



“Sorry.”



“What are you doing standing there naked?  Flashing Pittsburgh?  Aren’t you cold?”



“You could keep me warm.”



Justin moved against him, wrapping them both in the sheet.  Brian’s arms went around Justin’s lithe body, and he felt the warmth of the boy pour into him, physical warmth, emotional warmth, and the warm glow of his love.



“Why are you out here by yourself?” Justin asked.



“Watching the snow.”



“Is it snowing?” Justin asked, pushing back the curtain.  “Oh, it’s beautiful.  Look at the size of those flakes.”



“Yeah.” Brian said.



“What’s wrong?” Justin asked.



“Nothing.  Couldn’t sleep.”



“You’ve been having trouble sleeping lately,” Justin noted.



“A bit.”



“More than a bit.  Are you still worried about me going to New York?  About us being apart?”



“A little,” Brian answered, not wanting to admit how devastated Justin’s absence would make him.  He knew the boy would refuse to go, if he told him how he felt.



“Come back to bed.  You need sleep.”



“Do you know that every snowflake is unique?” Brian asked.



Justin gave him a quizzical look, and said, “I think I’ve heard that somewhere.  Why?”



“I was trying to follow one snowflake to the ground, but they all look the same.”


“Come to bed, Brian.”  Justin tried to pull away.



Brian refused to release him.  “I was thinking how unique you are.  You put up with all my shit, and don’t bust my balls too often.”



“Well, I’m glad you appreciate me,” Justin chuckled.  “And I haven’t busted your balls for weeks.”



“Did you hear me say you are unique?”



“Yes.”



“You are, you know.  You’re very special ... to me.”



Justin kissed him longingly and lingeringly and softly.  “I know.  And you’re very special to me too.”



“Just so you know,” Brian said and lightly touched his finger to Justin’s lips.



“Come to bed.  We have a big day to get ready for.”



“Okay,” Brian gave in.  He dropped the sheet from around him, allowing Justin to pull it back around himself.  He walked naked up the steps to the bedroom.  At the top step he turned, and extending his hands out from his sides, he said, “Are you coming or going, or coming and staying, or coming and then going?”  The last words had a certain sadness to them.



Justin smiled, remembering their first time together.  “How did you remember that?”



“I changed it a bit to suit our present circumstances.”



“I know.  You always shock me with what you know and remember.  No one would think you’d remember any of it.”


“It’s always better to be smarter than people think you are.”



“So you just pretend to be bored and disinterested?”



“Not necessarily.  Most of the time I am, but that doesn’t mean I don’t see and hear what’s going on.”



“Pretty clever.”



“You don’t know the half of it,” Brian said.



“I’d like to.”



They looked at each other, understanding all of the implications of that simple statement.



“So are you coming?” Brian grinned.



“I hope to be soon,” Justin grinned back.  “But you need some sleep.”



“Later,” Brian replied, and he did get a little rest just before dawn.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin had wanted to have a big Christmas party like the Thanksgiving dinner that he and Brian had hosted.  They still had the twenty pound turkey in the freezer.  Brian had been adamant that they have the day to themselves, so instead Justin had finagled Brian into having the turkey dinner the day before Justin left for New York.  It would be a send-off party for the boy.



They had carefully calculated how long it would take to thaw the turkey in the fridge, not wanting another disaster like they had barely avoided last time.  Justin was going to cook the turkey and potatoes, and everything else would be brought by the guests.  They had all insisted, each wanting to provide something for Justin’s celebration.



Brian had reluctantly agreed to all the plans.  He didn’t want to face all these people.  He knew he would be the object of their sympathy, if not pity, the whole time they were there.  He wasn’t sure he could stand it.  However, Justin really wanted this party, and Brian wanted to make him happy, before he left.  He would have to grin and bear it, and hope he didn’t kill someone or run screaming like a lunatic from the loft.



They prepared the turkey the night before, so that it could be in the oven by 2 am.  They had decided to have the party as a lunch at 1 pm.  That way they could spend the afternoon with their friends, but have their last night together to themselves.  Justin finished preparing the turkey a little after midnight.  Brian had helped get the stuffing ready, and he sighed in relief when they stuck the big bird in the oven.  They tidied up the kitchen so they wouldn’t have to do it in the morning.  As Justin finished wiping the counter, Brian came up behind him and put his arms around Justin’s chest.  He squeezed, pulling Justin’s body back against his stirring cock.



“Are you done with the little housewife shit?” Brian asked.



“Just about.”



“I have other wifely duties I want you to perform,” he whispered in Justin’s ear.



“Like what?”



“I want to fuck you.”


“You know, I think we just have time to do that before I turn on the turkey,” Justin said, smiling.



“You can turn me on right now,” Brian said, beginning to hump Justin’s backside, and at the same time licking his neck.  As his actions became more demanding, he nipped at Justin’s neck and sucked on the spot.  Justin moaned.



“I’m going to mark you as mine, before you go away.”



“You already have,” Justin said, turning his head and kissing Brian.



Brian smiled into the kiss.  Justin could feel the smile and turned in Brian’s arms to make the kiss deeper and harder.  He felt Brian suck the air out of him, and he wished they could blend into each other, never to be separated.  He felt Brian push down his cargo pants and free his hardening cock.  Sometimes Brian just had to look at him and he was hard.  He gasped as Brian released him from the kiss, from his embrace, and from the hold on his dick.  His clothes and Brian’s were being ripped off, as he stood breathless in the kitchen.  As some modicum of his wits began to return to him, he realized he still held the dishcloth he had used to wipe the counter clasped in his hand.



“Shit,” he heard Brian say.



“What?”



“I don’t have any lube here,” Brian said, donning the ever present condom from his pocket.



“There’s butter on the counter,” Justin said.



Brian chuckled.  “Ever resourceful.”  He stuck his hand in the butter and rubbed it on his straining erection.  His arms went around Justin and lifted him onto the counter.  He pulled the boys hips forward to hang over the edge, and pushed his legs open.



“Delicious,” Brian said, taking in the glory of his lover.



“Fuck me, Brian,” Justin begged.  “I can’t wait.”



Brian pressed into Justin’s hole, taking it easy, since he hadn’t had time to prepare the boy.



Justin gasped and Brian stopped.  In a minute, Justin said, “More,” and Brian pushed in a little further.  Again Justin gasped and Brian stopped.  Brian felt Justin’s muscles relax and pushed in all the way.  Brian leaned in to kiss Justin and weld them together.



“You know I love you,” Brian whispered.



“I know.”



Brian withdrew his penis, leaving only the tip inside, and then rammed back in.  Justin moaned.  Brian leaned in and kissed him again.



“I don’t want you to doubt that or forget it while you’re gone.”



“I won’t.”



Brian pulled back and rammed in again.  He leaned in, rotating his hips and kissing Justin.



“I need you to come back to me.”



“I will.”



Brian pulled back again, but he was rapidly losing control.  He began to pound into Justin’s hole, both of them moaning and gasping their pleasure.  It didn’t take long until they were both coming.  Brian leaned against Justin’s body as his orgasm subsided.  He kissed Justin and they clung together for several minutes.



“Brian,” Justin said.



“Umm.”



“I love you.”



“Good.”



“But ...”



“But?”  Brian’s head shot up and he looked into Justin’s eyes.  Justin saw a flicker of fear pass across Brian’s beautiful face.



“I’m sitting in the butter.”



“What?”



“You heard me,” Justin giggled.



“Well then, I’ll have to call you lard ass from now on,” Brian said, kissing him, and then looking down at Justin’s ass.



“You better not.  I have enough nicknames, and I certainly don’t want that one.”



“Let’s see,” Brian said, lifting Justin down from the counter, and turning him around to examine his buttered behind.  “If butter wasn’t so fattening, I’d lick it all off,” he said, spreading it more evenly over Justin’s delectable butt.



“You mean you won’t.  I was hoping,” Justin dared him.



“Let’s see if we can use it another way.”  He pushed Justin up against the counter and slipped on another condom.



“God, you’re insatiable!" Justin said, as he felt Brian’s penis against his well-opened hole.



“Can’t pass up a well greased ass,” Brian retorted, shoving his cock in and beginning his rhythm.  As he thrust in, he rotated his hips which slid easily over Justin’s buttered bottom.  “This is a whole new sensation,” he gasped.  “I may have to butter you up more often.”



Justin laughed, but just for a moment.  Their passion consumed them and coherent thought or speech was impossible.  All they were capable of were moans and thrusts.  Finally, they collapsed spent against the counter.



“I’ll never think of butter or the kitchen in the same way again,” Brian said, gradually regaining control of his breathing.



“Me either,” Justin agreed.  “I’m going to have such fantasies when I try to cook in here.”  He giggled just thinking about it.



“When you come home?”  There was the hint of a question in Brian’s voice.



“When I come home!” Justin replied.  “Let’s turn the turkey on and go shower.  I might want to sit down.”



Brian looked at his greasy bottom.  “I don’t know?” Brian questioned.  “I kind of like your ass this way.  Maybe we should make use of it one more time.”



Justin looked down to see Brian’s cock stirring again.  “Not only are you insatiable, you’re incorrigible.”



“That’s what you love about me.”



“Among many other things,” Justin said, kissing him warmly.



Brian smiled, knowing Justin really meant that.  They were so perfect for each other in so many ways.



“I see you’re getting ready,” Brian observed, noting the effect the kiss and his wandering hands were having on Justin’s dick.



“I’m good to go,” Justin quipped.



“How about we christen the big table I brought from the office for dinner tomorrow?”



“Brian, we have to eat on that table.”



“So, we’ll wash it and cover it with the tablecloth.”



“’Kay,” Justin murmured, already lost to the sensations of Brian’s lips and eyes and hands and fingers.



The table was well and truly christened with butter from Justin’s ass and other bodily fluids.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian choked back a laugh.  It was 6 am and he was standing naked in his kitchen, basting a turkey.  “The gods must be crazy,” he thought.  “Who else but crazy almighty asshole gods could force the biggest asshole of them all, Brian Kinney, to do this?  Only one other being - his Justin.”  He smiled and looked into the bedroom.  Justin slept peacefully, and he would crawl back in with him as soon as he was finished.



Justin had made them set the alarm for 4 am to baste the turkey the first time.  Brian had watched what he did.  Justin said it should be basted every hour and set the alarm for 5 am.  Brian had turned it off as soon as Justin went to sleep.  He knew the boy needed some rest, and Brian spent most of his nights in sleepless thought and worry anyway.  He had gotten up around 5 am and taken care of the turkey, just like he had watched Justin do.  While he basted, he had had some rather ingenious ideas about other possible uses of turkey basters.  Now here he was at six in the morning, basting the big bird again.



He finished and shoved the bird back in the oven as quietly as he could.  He climbed the steps and slipped in beside his boy.  He lay watching Justin’s chest rise and fall for awhile, happy that he was there, but knowing it wasn’t for much longer.



Justin turned onto his side, and Brian spooned against his back, loving that position.  His arm instinctively went around his lover’s chest, holding him close and protecting him.  This was when he felt most at peace and most contented.  He never thought he could feel contentment.  He always said you could never get enough, but this boy was enough.  He was everything.  He was the loving family Brian had never had, he was the thoughtful friend and companion Brian hadn’t realized he needed, he was the intellectual equal who challenged him and kept him on his toes, and he was the insatiable lover who taught him what love really was.  He sighed his contentment and dozed off.



At 7 am he basted the turkey again.  He had slept for awhile, mostly dozing fitfully.  Justin slept on and he didn’t have the heart to wake him yet.  The turkey was starting to smell really good, although it wasn’t getting brown yet.  He hoped he was doing everything right.  Justin would kill him if he ruined the turkey.  He decided he better wake Justin up at 8 am to make sure everything was as it should be.  He crawled back into bed and immediately fell asleep.



“Brian!” Justin yelled.  “What time is it?  It’s daylight.  The alarm must not have gone off!”



Brian’s eyes had snapped open at the sound of his name, and he looked up into Justin’s worried face.  He glanced over at the clock.  It was almost 10:30.



“Don’t worry!”  He grabbed Justin’s hand.  “I got up and basted the turkey several times,” he said, letting Justin think he had done it every hour.  “Let’s go check on the big guy.”



“You got up every hour and basted it?” Justin asked in disbelief.  He got up from the bed.



“Pretty much,” Brian fibbed, feeling a little miffed at Justin’s skepticism.  “I’m not totally pathetic in the kitchen.”



“You are so!” Justin retorted, heading naked to the oven, Brian trailing after him.



“I’m hurt,” Brian said.  “How can you doubt me?”



“Show me what you did,” Justin demanded, pulling the turkey out on the shelf and noting that it was browning nicely.



Brian did his best Emeril imitation, giving a dissertation on all the finer points of basting as he went along.  When he was done, he yelled, “Bam!” and shoved the bird back into the oven, quickly shutting the door.  He turned and took an elaborate bow, baster still in hand.



“I’m impressed.  The turkey looks and smells wonderful.  I guess making you watch all those cooking shows with me has really paid off.  You’re an A-one baster!”



“Thank you for the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, but I’ve learned most of it from you.”



Justin smiled.  “So you won’t starve to death while I’m gone?”



“I’ll try not to, but I’m not planning on doing a lot of cooking.”



“Didn’t think so,” Justin chuckled.  “Although...”  He rubbed his chin thoughtfully, staring at Brian.  “I could picture you as the star of a nude cooking show, armed with your baster.  A true naked chef!”



Brian almost choked at the image.  “The naked part I can handle, but I don’t know about the chef part.”



“Yeah, that would be a challenge.”



“I did come up with some interesting potential uses for turkey basters,” he said, waving his baster around dramatically.



“I just bet you did,” Justin grinned.



“Want me to show you?”



“Not right now,” Justin said seriously.  “It’s late.  We need to set the table and peel potatoes.  We better get started.”



“You chefs are such slave drivers!  Are we going to do this in the nude or shall we dress for the occasion?”



“Get the robes.  We’ll do our work, and then we can have a long leisurely shower ... together.”



“Have you studied Motivational Techniques 101?” Brian asked.



Justin laughed, knowing Brian would do what he asked.  He loved this man more and more.  He had tried to be positive about his stay in New York, but truthfully he was as worried as Brian was about their separation.  Five months was such a long time.  But, he was also excited about what awaited him in New York.  He knew he would learn a lot, and New York was such a dynamic and interesting place.  If only Brian were going with him.



“Here,” Brian said, handing him his robe and snapping him out of his reverie.  “What were you thinking about?”


“Being away from you.”



“Let’s not do this now,” Brian said, feeling his emotions were too close to the surface to handle a discussion about their impending separation.



“Right,” Justin agreed.  “Let’s set the table.”



They basted the turkey once more and peeled the potatoes.  They knew people would start arriving just after noon, so they decided at eleven-thirty they better get in the shower and get dressed.  In the shower they washed each other and kissed a bit, but that was as far as it went.



“Let’s save it for tonight,” Brian said.  “Then we can take as much time as we want.”



“Good idea.  Later,” Justin said, wiggling his bottom at Brian as he stepped from the shower.  He heard Brian groan and smiled.



They dressed quickly and had just decided to turn off the turkey, when the buzzer sounded, indicating the first of their guests had arrived.  Brian buzzed them up.



Deb and Vic bustled in, bearing food.  Debbie brought a pasta dish, and Vic had a bakery box with a cake he said he had made for the occasion.  He made room for it in the fridge, leaving it in its box.  They kissed Justin warmly and gave Brian a peck.  Brian got them some wine and they sat down.  Justin joined them.



“Are you ready to go, kiddo?” Debbie asked.



“Pretty much.”


“It’ll be fine.  We’ll keep an eye on him for you,” said Debbie, glancing at Brian who was in the kitchen opening a beer.  “Make sure he eats occasionally.”



“Thanks, Deb, but don’t mother him too much.  He’s kind of raw right now.  Touchy.”



“I’ll take it easy,” Deb agreed.



“And I’ll make sure she does,” Vic added.



Lindsay, Melanie and Gus arrived just then.  They had a huge bowl of salad and bags of toddler toys and equipment.  Gus squirmed out of his mother’s arms.



He toddled across the floor, yelling, “Dada, Dada.”


Brian scooped him up and kissed him heartily.  “Hey, sonny boy!  Glad to see me?”



“Yeah,” Gus said, giving his father a couple of sloppy kisses.



Brian hugged him and took him to the kitchen to get some juice.  Mel set out some of his toys for later, and Lindsay took the salad to the kitchen.  She helped Brian fill Gus’ sippy cup.



“How are you doing?” she asked Brian.



“Okay.”



“Really?”



“I’ll be all right,” he snapped.  He carried Gus over to see Justin.  Lindsay watched him move away and shook her head.



Justin took Gus from Brian and gave him a big kiss and hug.



“Play,” Gus said.



“Okay,” Justin agreed, wanting to spend some time with the little boy.  He set Gus down and they walked hand in hand to the steps where Mel had set out Gus’ toys.  They sat down on the floor.  Brian watched Gus pick out the things he wanted to play with, and hand them to Justin.



“Your two favorite boys?” Melanie asked, coming up beside Brian.



“Yeah.  Want a beer?”



“Sure.  He’ll be fine, you know,” she said, looking at Justin.



“I know.”  He handed her a beer.



“Will you?”



Brian looked at her, not sure how to answer that.



“I expect we’ll see a lot more of you with Justin in New York,” Mel added.



“Maybe.”



“Well, you’re welcome to come over anytime.”



“Are you kidding?  Or are you possessed?” Brian asked.



Melanie choked on her beer.  “Neither,” she said.  “I imagine you’ll have more time on your hands, so you’re welcome to spend it with your son.”


Brian looked at her again.  “Thanks,” he said.



Just then the buzzer went off and he escaped to answer it.  Jennifer and Molly arrived.  Jennifer had brought a broccoli casserole which she slipped into the oven to keep warm.  Molly went over to play with Gus and Justin.  They were immediately followed by Ted and Emmett who brought rolls and cranberry sauce.  Brian got them a beer.  Justin went to the kitchen and gave his mother a kiss.  He left Molly to play with Gus.  Justin and his mother were going to mash the potatoes and make gravy as soon as Michael and Ben arrived.  They checked on the turkey, taking it out of the oven to stand a bit.  The potatoes were almost ready.



Ben and Michael arrived.  Ben had made a roasted vegetable casserole and he took it to the kitchen.  He helped Justin and Jennifer get the turkey out of the roasting pan, and put the casseroles in the oven to keep warm.  Brian got them beers and topped up wine glasses.  Michael pulled him aside as soon as he could.



“Are you all right?” he asked Brian.



“I’ll survive.”



“I know you will.”  He gave Brian a kiss.  “I’m here any time you need to talk or vent or go out,” he offered.



“Thanks, Mikey.”



Brian knew his best friend meant well, and he appreciated the offer, but he didn’t really want to do this right now.



Justin called them to the table, and Brian was glad to have their conversation interrupted.  Vic volunteered to carve, and everyone said he did a masterful job.  They enjoyed the meal, each having made their special dish.  Brian picked at his food, eating very little, but feeding Gus.



When the main course was finished, they all helped clear the table and serve coffee.  Vic brought his cake box to the table and lifted out a beautifully decorated cake with a tiny artist’s easel sitting on top.  Justin looked at it, and Brian saw tears welling up.



“He’ll have trouble painting on that, Vic,” Brian said.



Everyone laughed, and Brian saw Justin relax and compose himself.  The boy smiled gratefully at Brian.



Vic stood by the cake, and said, “We’ll get you to cut this in a minute, Justin, but we want you to know we’ll miss you, and we want you back here soon.”



“Thanks, Vic,” Justin said, giving him a big hug.



Lindsay came up beside them.  She held one hand behind her back.  “Justin, we all wanted to get you a little gift, kind of a going away present.  We all chipped in.  I hope you like it.”


She handed Justin a box.  “You didn’t have to do this,” he said.  He opened the box and saw some specialty brushes and palette knives for painting.  “Thank you all so much.  I don’t know what to say.”  He gave Lindsay a hug.



“Use them in good health in your new art program,” she said.



Everybody gave a round of applause and Justin smiled at them, again full of emotion.



“Cut the cake, Justin,” Vic said softly.



Justin was glad of the distraction, and got to work on the cake.  They each got a piece and moved to more comfortable seats with their coffee.  Brian took his beer and sat alone on the steps to the bedroom.  He had declined the cake and gave Gus to Melanie.



He was lost in thought when a voice said, “Brian.”  He looked up to see Jennifer standing in front of him.  “May I join you?”



He shrugged and she sat down with her plate of cake.



“Brian,” she said.



He looked at her, but said nothing.



“I want to thank you for pushing Justin to go on this course,” she said.



“Sure.”



“No, I mean it.  Any negative comment from you and he would have turned down this opportunity.  I’m glad he’s going.  It will be a good experience for him.”



“And a chance to get away from me.”



“I didn’t say that, Brian.”



“No, you didn’t.  You’re far too well mannered to do that, but I know how you feel.”



“I know he loves you and you love him.  I’m not trying to make trouble.  I’m just glad he’s going.”



“Well, Jennifer, so am I.”



“What?”



“You heard me.  I’m glad he’s taking this course.  He’s very talented, and this is a big chance for him.”


Jennifer looked at him, digesting what he was telling her.  “You do really care what happens to him, don’t you?”



“You still doubt that?”



“I guess not,” she answered, beginning to comprehend the depth of Brian’s feelings for her son.



“Good,” he said, and he got up and walked away from her.



Justin saw Michael sitting at the table, eating his cake.  He was alone.  Ben was talking to Ted and Emmett.  Justin sat down beside him.  Michael gave him a smile.



“Looking forward to your new adventure, Boy Wonder?” he asked.



“Kind of.”



“Just kind of?  It sounds exciting, going to the big city, studying with famous artists, experiencing new things.”



“Leaving Brian.”



“There’s always a down side.”



“It’s a big down side.”



“Yeah,” Michael agreed.



“Michael, I ... I wanted to tell you that I appreciate what you said to Brian.  He told me how much I mean to him.  It was very hard for him to tell me, and he never would have said it, if you hadn’t told him to.”



“I want him to be happy, Justin, and you make him happy.”



“Thanks, Michael.”



“Just make sure you come back.  Okay?”



“I intend to.”



“Good.”



They ate their cake in silence after that.



The afternoon was wearing away.  Brian was beginning to feel like he had to get out of there.  He saw Justin talking to Emmett, then Emmett grabbed Ted and they said they were leaving.  He heard Emmett tell Justin to call and e-mail and hurry back.



Jennifer and Debbie were finishing cleaning up the kitchen.  When Justin went over to them, they gathered up their casserole dishes, waved to Brian, and took off with Vic and Molly.  Ben and Michael followed, waving to Brian as they left.  Lindsay and Mel were gathering up Gus’ toys.  Lindsay brought Gus to his father for a goodbye kiss and an admonishment to come visit him.  She kissed Brian too, but said nothing else, just smiling at him somewhat sadly.



Justin closed the loft door behind the last of their guests.  He looked over to see Brian lying on the black leather recliner, where they had shared ice cream kisses what seemed like so long ago.



“All gone,” he said to Brian.



“Did you tell them to leave?”



Justin smiled at him.  “I could see your last nerve was twitching.”



“You know me so well.”



“Yeah, I do,” Justin replied, coming over beside Brian.



Brian took his hand.  He looked up into those blue eyes that were so precious to him.  “I was thinking about ice cream kisses,” Brian said.



“So was I, when I saw you laying here.  Want some now?”



“No,” Brian said, pulling Justin onto his lap.  “Lay here with me.”



Justin curled up on top of Brian, his head against Brian’s throat.  He wanted to cry, but he knew he shouldn’t.  He fought back that urge, and just lay cradled in Brian’s arms.  He felt Brian kiss the top of his head, and sighed in contentment.  They stayed that way for a long time.  It was beginning to get dark, one of the joys of a Pittsburgh winter, darkness at five o’clock.  Brian squirmed beneath Justin who had almost fallen asleep.



“What’s wrong?” Justin asked.



“My leg’s gone to sleep,” Brian replied.



Justin got up and pulled Brian into a sitting position.  “It’s time we got up anyway,” Justin said.  “I need to pack the last bits of my stuff, and put it all by the door for tomorrow morning.”



“No,” Brian said.



“What do you mean ‘no’?” Justin asked, confused.



“Don’t go,” Brian said, a look on his face that nearly broke Justin’s heart.



Justin looked at him in bewilderment.  “Brian, it’s a little late to tell me that now.  You’ve been telling me to go for weeks.”


“I know, but I don’t think I can bear it.”



“Of course you can.  I’m only a plane ride away.”  Justin tried to make the separation seem less difficult.



“I can’t let you go.”



“Brian ... I,” Justin wanted to cry, a look of anguish on his face.



Brian saw that look, and knew he was tearing the boy apart.  He had to stop this.  He turned his back to Justin, trying to regain some self-control.  He felt Justin’s hand on his shoulder.  He turned slowly.



“I don’t know where the fuck that came from,” he said by way of explanation.



“From your heart,” Justin replied, wrapping his arms around Brian.  He felt more than heard the sobs that wracked Brian’s body, and he began to cry too.  They held each other, tears streaming down their faces.  After several minutes, Justin felt Brian wipe at his tears and take a deep breath.  He did the same, releasing the older man from his embrace.



They looked at each other, misery written all over their faces, tear streaks on their cheeks.  Then they smiled and after a moment started to laugh.  They laughed so hard they had to lean on each other to keep from falling down.



“We are a pair of pathetic faggots!” Brian said.



“Drama queens,” Justin added, gulping for air.



“I feel better,” Brian said suddenly.



“So do I.”



“I’ve been holding that in for weeks,” Brian admitted.  “It feels good to let it all out.”


“Yeah,” Justin agreed.  “I guess you really are going to miss me,” he teased.



“More than you’ll ever know,” Brian said seriously.



“I could still cancel and stay here,” Justin offered.



“No fucking way!” Brian responded.  “You’d have to give back your presents, and your mother would rip my balls off and crush them beneath her dainty heel.”



“Ouch,” Justin replied.  “What did she say to you today?”



“Nothing much.  I think she’s finally beginning to believe that I love you.”



“I thought she was okay with ‘us’”.



“She is, but she still has trouble believing that I have your best interests at heart, and not my own.”



“See what happens when you have a reputation as a heartless shit?”



“Yeah, nobody believes that I really love you.  Sometimes I can hardly believe it myself.”



“But I believe it,” Justin said.



“And that’s all that matters.”


“Yeah.”



“Let’s get your packing done, and then I can focus all my attention on you for the rest of the night,” Brian said.



“Brian,” Justin said with a worried look on his face.



“What?” Brian was puzzled by Justin’s abrupt change in demeanor.



“My mother wants to take me to the airport tomorrow morning and I agreed.”



“You agreed?  You don’t want me to take you?”  Brian looked hurt.



Justin shook his head.



“Why?”



“I’m not sure I could hold it together saying goodbye to you.  I don’t want to be part of a public display ... like what happened a few minutes ago.  Do you understand?”  Brian slowly nodded.  “I want to say goodbye here in private.”



Brian nodded again.  “You’re right,” he admitted.  He took a deep breath and said, “Let’s pack.”



Justin smiled at him and gave him a quick kiss.  It didn’t take long to pack up the last of Justin’s things.  He left some clothes, knowing he would be back a few times.  Everything else fit into two suitcases, plus his portfolio and a little box of art supplies.  Brian convinced him to squeeze the art supplies into one of the suitcases that would be checked.  He said that post 911 the palette knives could be considered weapons and would be confiscated.  Justin rearranged some things and made a carry-on that would also hold his toiletries in the morning.



“Done,” Justin said, adding the carry-on to the pile of luggage by the door.  “I’ll put the toiletries in in the morning.”



Brian looked at him.  “So what do you want to do now?” he asked.



“I’m hungry.”



“Hungry?  After that lunch?”



“Uh huh.  Aren’t you?  You hardly ate anything.”



“I am a bit actually.  All that emotional crap gives you an appetite.”  He smiled.



“Yeah.  Turkey sandwich, no mayo, on some of Emmett’s rolls?” Justin asked.



“Sounds good, but butter the buns,” Brian said, grinning at him.



Justin chuckled, remembering the butter on his ass from the night before.  “I was so glad Ted and Emmett brought butter with their rolls.  I didn’t want to explain why we had no butter for them to use.”



Brian snorted.  “I was waiting for someone to ask.  I was going to get the butter with your butt print in it and show them.”



“You were not!”  Justin looked aghast.  “Did you save it?”



“It’s in the fridge.”



“No!”  Justin went to look.  There behind some of the leftovers was the butter dish with the indentation of his butt cheek.  He laughed out loud.  “Brian!” he said, turning to look at him.



“I need as many reminders of you as I can get,” Brian said, sticking his tongue in his cheek.  “And this one is of your most delectable feature.”



“Brriiiaaan,” Justin groaned.  “You are terrible.”



“Did you note that the first four letters of butter are ‘butt’?”



“Oh my God!” Justin laughed.



Brian smirked at him.



“What am I going to do with you?” Justin asked.  “You are so bad.”



“You won’t be here to rein me in,” Brian said with a tinge of sadness.



“Well, behave yourself, or I’ll have to sic my mother on you.”



“Don’t, please.  That’s a fate worse than death.  I’ll be good, master,” Brian teased.



“You better, slave.  Come here,” Justin ordered.  Brian came over to him.  He put his arms around the man and held him close.



“Still want that sandwich?” Brian asked after a while.



“Sure, if you do.”



“Let’s eat,” Brian said, heading for the kitchen.



They cut some of the remaining turkey and made sandwiches on the leftover rolls.  There was a bit of salad left, so they shared that.  They sat at the end of the big table and ate.



“We should take this table down to the Jeep, if I’m not taking you to the airport,” Brian stated.



“You’re not mad about that, are you?”



“No.  You did the right thing.”



“Really?”


“I don’t like public emotion anymore than you do.  You know that.”


Justin nodded.  “How come you haven’t tried to fuck me since everybody left hours ago?”


“I ...,” Brian began, “I can’t stand it to be the last time.”


“I’ll let you do me more than once,” Justin teased.



Brian grimaced.  “You know what I mean.”


“Don’t make it sound so final, Brian.  We’ll be together again.”



“Are you sure?”



“Aren’t you?” Justin looked horrified.



Brian just stared at him.  “I wish I was,” he said.  “Let’s get this table down to the car.”  He stood up, waiting for Justin to clear the dishes.


Justin knew there was no point arguing with Brian when he got like this.  They collapsed the table and took it down to the Jeep.  Another trip and they had taken care of the extra chairs too.



On the way back up in the elevator, Brian said, “Maybe I should buy a big table of my own.  It’s a nuisance dragging the fucking table back and forth.”



“Planning more dinner parties?” Justin asked.



“No!” Brian snapped.



“Then you don’t need a big table.”



“I guess not,” Brian admitted.



“But I could plan a dinner for when I come home,” Justin said.



“You could?”



“Um hmm.”



“I could go for that.”



Justin smiled, pleased that Brian would want a dinner party at all, but realizing that Brian saw it as more proof that he really was coming back.  He leaned against Brian, and said, “Kiss me.”



Brian grabbed him, pushed him against the elevator wall and impressed his body on Justin’s.  He kissed him with such ferocity that his head hit the wall.  He groaned, but pressed back against the force of Brian’s onslaught.  The heat between them was scalding.  Brian grabbed Justin’s crotch and the boy screamed.



“Fuck me, Brian!” he yelled.



The elevator stopped.  Brian flung up the gate and practically threw Justin into the apartment.  The boy hit the wall where the intercom was.  He could feel the buttons jab into his back.  Brian was on him again, pressing his hard-on against Justin’s groin and devouring him with his mouth.  Justin gasped unable to breathe.



“I need you!” Brian growled.



“Hard and dirty!” Justin shouted, as breath finally escaped his lips.



Brian literally tore the shirt off the boy.  He turned and slammed the loft door shut, while Justin took a few gulps of air.  He turned back and grabbed Justin again.  He pushed him roughly to the floor, kissing him frantically.  Justin’s head hit the hardwood as Brian drove his mouth into the boy’s.  He reached for Justin’s cock and squeezed through the cargo pants.



“Ahhhhhhh!” Justin screamed.  He was rock hard and it hurt.



Brian grabbed the waistband of the pants and hauled them down.  Justin’s ass bounced on the floor and his cock bounced on his stomach.  Brian attacked it, sucking and nipping and chewing.  He was like a wild animal.  Justin grabbed Brian’s hair and gave it a vicious yank.  Brian gasped and looked up at his lover.



“Fuck me now, Brian!” he demanded.



Brian fumbled for a condom and managed to get it on with shaking fingers.  His jeans were open, but he was still fully clothed.  He couldn’t wait and he knew Justin couldn’t either.  He stuck a finger in Justin’s mouth, and he coated it with saliva.  He rammed it into Justin’s hole and worked it around.



“Yesss!” Justin shrieked.



Brian slid up and stuck his condom-covered penis into Justin’s mouth.  That would have to do for lube.  Brian humped Justin’s face.  He was like a madman.  He pulled his penis, coated in saliva, from Justin’s mouth, then shoved Justin’s knees up and out.

Justin blinked and then screamed, as Brian was already inside him.  They rocked together in hard piston movements.  Groans and moans and yells and incoherent shouts were all that were heard for the next minutes.



All of a sudden Justin screamed, “Brian!” and came with such intensity he thought his heart would explode.  That sent Brian over the edge and he came and came and came.

He collapsed senseless on top of Justin.



Many minutes passed.  They lay unable to move on the floor of the loft.  Brian finally lifted his head and looked at Justin.  The blue eyes flickered open.



“Are you all right?” Brian gasped.



“I ... I think so,” Justin croaked, his voice hoarse from screaming.



“Did I hurt you?”



“Yes ... but I wanted you to.  I needed you to.  It had to be real.”



“It fucking was that!” Brian groaned.



He pulled his penis out as gently as he could.  He examined Justin’s pucker.  “I don’t think I tore anything,” he said.  “You should have told me to stop.”



“I didn’t want you to stop.”



“You’re as crazy as I am.”



“I know.”



“Here, take my hand,” Brian said, helping Justin up.



“Can we do the next one in bed?  One of these a night is enough.”


Brian groaned.  “Now that we got that out of the way, I’m going to make love to you all night long.”



“It’s a good job you let me sleep last night,” Justin chuckled.



“I always plan ahead.”



“That’s for sure.”


“Come on,” Brian said, taking his hand and leading Justin up to the bedroom.



They made love many times, and they knew it was making love, not fucking.  The intensity of emotion was mind-numbing.  Finally they dozed a bit.  As daylight began to filter into the loft, they lay wrapped in each other’s arms, having gotten enough, at least for that night.



“Are you awake?” Brian asked.



“Yeah.”



“Me too.”


“I know.  You’re talking to me.”



“Smartass!”


Justin looked into Brian’s face.  They kissed and wrapped their legs around each other, not wanting any space between them.



“What time is your mother coming?” Brian asked.



“8 am.  She wants to leave lots of time to deal with the extra luggage.”



“Oh.”



“Want to fuck again?  We still have time.”


“No.”



“No?  Since when do you turn down sex?”



“Never.  But what we did last night was way beyond sex.  It was perfect.  That’s what I want to remember until the next time we’re together.”



“I love you so much,” Justin said, moved by Brian’s statement.



“Let’s shower,” Brian said.



They washed each other tenderly, enjoying the feel of their hands on the other’s body.  It went no further, as both remembered Brian’s words.  They dried each other off and got dressed.  Justin put his toiletry case in the carry-on.  They were drinking a glass of juice when the buzzer announced that his mother was there.



Justin answered, “We’ll be right down.”



They gathered up all his stuff and rode the elevator down.  Jennifer met them at the door.  They loaded Justin’s bags into the car, and Jennifer got in.  Neither of them had said a word since they left the loft.



“Mom, I’m going back up to check that I have everything.”



“Okay, honey,” she responded.



Justin took Brian’s hand and they went back into the building.  Neither spoke as they rode back up in the elevator.  Justin shut the loft door behind them, and turned to face Brian.



“You have all your stuff,” Brian said, looking forlorn.



“I know.  I wanted a few minutes with you ... alone.”



“There’s nothing more to say, Justin.  You better go.”


“There is more to say.  I love you and I’m coming back.”


“Sure.”



“Don’t ‘sure’ me!  I know to you that means it’ll never happen, and I’m telling you it will happen.”


Brian was silent, but his eyes never left Justin’s.  Then he said, “When I was going to go to a new life in New York, I told you I would walk out that door and never look back.” He stopped, a catch in his voice.



“I remember.”



“I’m asking you to look back,” Brian said simply.



“And I will.”  He kissed Brian softly and opened the loft door.  He started down the stairs.  He heard Brian say, “Goodbye,” and on the landing he stopped.  He turned to look back at Brian and gave him his sunshine smile.



Then he was gone.

Chapter 19 - Fucking Pittsburgh by Thyme

 

Fucking Pittsburgh  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Pittburgh.  Fucking Pittsburgh.  Brian looked out his office window.  Winter in fucking Pittsburgh was even more fucking depressing than the rest of the fucking year.



"It should be me in New York," he thought, "not Justin."



He bit off that thought, realizing how selfish it was and how pathetic.  Christ, he was a mess.  He was jealous of a teenager and fed up with his piss hole of a life.  He couldn't concentrate, he couldn't accomplish anything, he didn't enjoy anything.  Justin had been gone for four days and he was falling apart.



Justin had called as soon as he got settled in his dorm at NYU.  He was bubbling with excitement.  He had gotten his schedule and was eager to get started. They were going to have lectures for the first four days – a lot of orientation, explanation and demonstration.  Each night they were scheduled for a museum visit with one of the instructors.  Brian had talked to Justin only once since his first call.



That call came the second night of his absence.  Brian's cell rang at two am.  Brian was at Babylon with the boys.  They had insisted he come along, hoping to take his mind off Justin's absence.  Brian had expected Justin to call by midnight, but when no call came, he began to drink more heavily and sought out his disco pharmacologist.



When his cell phone rang around two, he was pretty well wasted, and in no mood for small talk.



"Yeah," he answered belligerently.



"Hi, Brian," Justin replied.  "Are you at Babylon?"



"So?"



"What's wrong?"



"Nothing!"



"Why are you being like this?"



"Like what?"



"Look, do you want to talk to me or not?"



"You talk, I'll listen."



"All … right."



"So talk!"



"What's going on?" Justin asked, bewildered by Brian's attitude.



"Nothing.  I'm having a fucking fabulous time!"



"Are you wasted?"



"Do I sound like I am?"



"Yeah."



"Then I guess I am."



"Brian, what's wrong?  Talk to me."



Brian took a breath.  "Where the fuck have you been?  I've been waiting for you to call for hours."



"We went to the Museum of Modern Art.  It was great.  I saw a whole bunch of paintings I've seen in my art books.  There were some great exhibits.  It was really inspiring.  I got some really cool ideas of things I want to try when we start our studio work next week."



"That's just peachy!"



"Brian …?"



"What?"



"I don't understand what's wrong.  Have I done something?"



"Since when are museums open after midnight?"



"Oh … so that's it.  You're mad that I'm calling so late?"



There was no reply.  Brian fumed in silence.



"The museum closed at ten.  We went out for a bite and a drink.  I'm getting to know some of the other students, and we talked for ages."



"How lovely for you!"



"I'm sorry I called late, but I told you I couldn't give you a specific time.  Everything's kind of random right now."



"Random?  That's a fucking euphemism!"



"What do you mean?"



"Mr. 1500 SAT's!  You should know what euphemism means."



"I do.  I just don't understand why you think I used the word random as a euphemism."



"Are you dense or what?"



"I'm … I'm going to hang up now.  You obviously don't want to talk.  You're trying to pick a fight."



"Took you long enough to figure that out!"



"Bye, Brian.  Call me when you actually want to talk."



"Sure."



The line went dead.  Brian looked at the phone, then clicked it off.  "Fuck!" he said out loud.



"Anytime," a ripped young man with smoky eyes replied.



Brian met his gaze.  "Why not?" Brian thought.  He fished another E from his pocket and popped it.  The young man still stared at him, so he moved in.  A whisper in his ear, a grope of his apparently well endowed package and they headed out.  The guy had a car, and Brian agreed to go to his place.  That suited him fine, better than the backroom.  Not seeing his friends nearby, he just left.



On the drive to the trick’s apartment Brian popped another pill.  Something told him he shouldn’t, but at that point he didn’t care.  He remembered that they got each other off immediately.  The guy wasn’t bad.  Then Brian had fucked him within an inch of his life.  After that things were kind of hazy.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian’s eyes scanned the buildings near his office, looking for inspiration or at least distraction.  Nothing caught his attention and his thoughts drifted back to the morning after his little fuckerama.



He awoke to daylight in a bed in a strange apartment with some guy he didn’t recognize.  "Not the first time," he thought.  He looked around for a clock and saw one on a dresser.  7:45 stared back at him.



"Shit!" he said aloud.  He was usually at work by now.  He sat up abruptly, and pain shot through his head.  What the fuck had he taken last night?  He rubbed his fingers around his temples and tried to focus.  He needed to get out of there.  Where were his clothes?



A look around the bedroom showed him his jeans and a sock.  The trick was still asleep, so he eased himself out of the bed.  He grabbed what clothes he saw, and just about passed out with the stab of pain as he bent over to pick them up.  As quietly as he could, he closed the bedroom door behind him.  The rest of his clothes were scattered around, but he found the necessaries and put them on.  He needed to get home to change for work.  He could do that without underwear and one sock.  At least he had shoes and his leather jacket.



"Car keys," he said aloud.  He found them in his jacket pocket along with his cell phone and several pills.  "Christ, I am so fucked!" he muttered to himself.



He quietly let himself out of the apartment and rode the elevator down to the street.  Suddenly it dawned on him that the trick had driven them there last night.  His Jeep must still be at Babylon.  He needed a taxi.  He looked around for street names.  He had a cab company programmed into his cell phone for just such occasions.  He pushed nine, the number for the taxi service.  They would be there in ten minutes.



He decided he better call Cynthia and explain his lateness.  He thought for a minute, trying to come up with a good story.  His brain wasn't its usual steel trap this morning.  "No wonder," he thought.  "I must have been really wasted."



He called Cynthia, prepared to take his medicine.



"What's up?" she asked, wondering why he wasn't already at the office.



"I'm going to be late," he said quietly.



"You already are."



"Bitch," he retorted.



Cynthia smiled.  "You sound a little rough.  Where are you?"



"Never mind that."



"Well, what do you want me to do?" she asked.



"Do I have any meetings or appointments before ten?"


"Nothing pressing.  You were going to brainstorm with Kevin at nine, but we can put that off."



"Good," said Brian.  "Do it."



"Brain not up to storming this morning?"



He groaned.  He knew she had figured out at least part of what was going on.



"Anything else?" she asked.



"No."



"When should I expect you?"


"I'll be there by ten."



"Ta ta," she said cheerily.



"Fuck you," he groaned as he hung up.  She was too smart for her own good, but he knew he would never survive without her.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian left the windows of his office and dropped into the chair behind his desk.  He leaned back and closed his eyes.



He had managed to get to work by 9:30.  After finishing his conversation with the snarky Cynthia, the taxi had taken him to his Jeep, still parked near Babylon.  From there he drove to the loft.  A long shower and a short shave, and he looked and felt better.  He would be able to face the rest of the day despite the pain in his head.



When he had arrived at the office, Cynthia was sitting smugly at her desk.  She gave him the once over.



"What?" he said.



"Pretty good transformation," she acknowledged.



"How do you know?"



"From the sound of your voice on the phone, you were in rough shape."



"I'm here now, so what do I need to do?" he cut her off.



"Nothing, till ten.  Then you have a meeting with Shulman Shoes.  They have a new product they want pitched."



"I hope it's better than that last fucking ugly shoe," Brian griped, remembering the Kip Thomas connection.  He grimaced.



"Are you up to this?" Cynthia asked, seeing the look on his face.



"I'm fine."



"Did something happen with Justin?" she had to ask.



"What makes you ask that?" he said, being deliberately obtuse.



"You haven't done this for a long time.  And Justin's gone, so I wondered if that's what set you off."



"I'm not talking about this.  I don't want to be interrupted until the Shulman people get here.  Understand?"



"Of course."



He turned abruptly and went into his office, closing the door behind him.  He had known he would catch shit from Cynthia and she hadn't let him down.  He sat at his desk, rubbing his temples again.



He had checked the messages at the loft, and Justin had not called him again, either on his cell or his loft phone.  There were six messages from Michael.  He had called four times after Brian had left Babylon, wanting to know if Brian was all right and where he had gone.  There were two calls to the loft in the morning, when Brian was still at the trick's.



He decided he better call Michael, before he started calling the office, and raising more speculation with Cynthia.  He dialed the comic book store and Michael answered.



"Hey," Brian said, "I got your messages."



"What happened to you?  Where did you go?"



"Where do you think?"



"You didn't.  Brian, how could you?  Justin's only been gone a couple of days."



Brian felt a wave of nausea pass through him.  Michael was right.  How could he have done this?



When Brian didn't answer, Michael said, "Did he call you at Babylon?"



"Yeah, finally."



"What does that mean?'



"I talked to him just before I left."



"That must have been around two o'clock.  What did he say?"



"He had just gotten back to his dorm from the museum trip."



"What museum is open till two a.m.?"



"Funny.  That's what I wanted to know."



"What did he say?"



"They went to eat after the museum.  They were talking."



"You believe him, don't you?"



Brian scowled.  "How the fuck am I supposed to know what to believe?"



"Brian, he loves you.  He wouldn't do anything."



"But I would.  I don't do long distance …"



"Relationships?" Michael completed his sentence.



"Yeah."



"Have you talked to him since?"



"No."



"Have you tried?"



"He told me to call when I wanted to talk."



"And you don't want to talk?"



"Not yet."



"You should talk."



"I'll be sure to add that to my 'To Do' list."



"Don't be sarcastic, Brian."



"Well, what the Hell am I going to say to him?  You pissed me off, so I fucked another guy."



"Brian, don't fuck it up."



"Thanks for the helpful advice."



"I mean it."



"I know.  Bye, Mikey."  He hung up before Michael could tell him what else to do with his fucking life.  



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian sat up in his chair.  He needed to get ready for the second meeting with the Shulman Shoes people.  He should stop rehashing the past.  If only he could!



It was now two days since he had last talked to Justin.  The young man had made no attempt to contact him since Babylon.  He obviously meant it when he said Brian should call him when he was ready to talk.  Justin wasn't going to take the initiative.



He wondered if he should call the boy, but what could he possibly say?  He would have to lie or risk losing him.  He had lasted two fucking days before he tricked.  How could he explain that to Justin or to anyone else for that matter?



Justin had given him permission to trick while he was gone.  Permission!  Brian, however, had resolved not to trick.  He wanted only Justin.  That resolve had lasted two fucking days!  Justin obviously knew him better then he knew himself.  The boy had told him as much several times.  Justin had said that Brian didn't need to tell him about his tricks, so he really didn't have to say anything.  The only problem was that Justin would know as soon as he talked to Brian.  That's why he hadn't called.  In one respect he didn't care if Justin knew about the trick, because the trick, like all the rest, meant nothing to him.  He knew Justin would be disappointed, but what he didn't want Justin to know was how weak he was, how his resolve was good for only two days, how he had let Justin and himself down.



Cynthia tapped on his door.



"Enter," he said.



"The Shulman people are in the conference room."



"I'll be right there."



"Are you up to this?"



"Of course.  What do you mean?"



"You haven't been yourself the last few days."



"I know, but I'm fine."



"Right.  Let's go."



"Give me a minute alone?" Brian requested.



"Sure."  Cynthia gave him a look and left, closing the door quietly behind her.



Brian hoped he was fine.  He had been having so much trouble concentrating.  His mind kept wandering to the past and to what he had done to Justin.  He had to get through this meeting.



He swallowed hard, took a drink of water and headed for the conference room.  He was about to find out if he could still do his job.  He sure hoped so.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian brought the take-out to the counter of the loft.  He dumped some onto a plate and grabbed a beer from the fridge.  He had gotten through the Shulman meeting, not great but passable.  He needed to get his act together and come up with some good ideas.



What he really needed to do was talk to Justin.  He couldn't focus on anything because he was always thinking or worrying about the boy.



He picked at his food and mulled over his options.  He could do nothing and wait for Justin to call.  That would get him nowhere.  He didn't think Justin was going to give in and call.  He could call and not mention the trick, act like nothing bad had happened.  That might work, but Justin would hear it in his voice, and their relationship was supposed to be based on truth.  He could fess up and take the consequences, as Debbie would say.  This was what he should do, but could he do it?



He took a bite of the food and chewed slowly.  He didn't feel like eating.  He didn't feel like doing anything, but he knew he had to.



He picked up the phone and hit the number for Justin's cell.  It rang several times and then went to voicemail.  He must be in another museum, Brian thought.  He decided to leave a message.



"Justin, it's me, your fucked up partner.  I'm ready to talk.  Call me as soon as you can."



He hoped that sounded all right.  He had deliberately used the word 'partner' and had alluded to his fuck up.  He hoped Justin understood, but also would read between the lines.  All he could do now was wait and hope that he called.



As time passed, Brian began to get more and more worried.  Maybe Justin was really mad at him because he had taken so long to call.  Should he call again?  Leave a bunch of messages?  He didn't want to seem too needy, but that was how he felt.



As midnight approached, Brian was sure he was going to jump out of his skin.  Where was Justin?  Was he going to call?  Brian had another beer and flopped on the couch.  He stared at the ceiling of the loft counting the rafters, the knots in the wood, the number of rivets in the metal columns.  He was going out of his fucking mind.



When the phone rang just after midnight, he jumped and couldn't fathom what it was for a moment.  Then he grabbed the receiver and said, "Hello."



"Brian," Justin replied.



"Hey.  I've been waiting for your call."



"You want to talk?"



"Yeah."



"Okay, I'm listening."



"Where have you been?"



"We went to the Frick tonight."



"What the fuck's a Frick?"



"It's an old mansion in the middle of Manhattan.  It's now a museum.  It was the home of a man named Frick who collected the most amazing pieces of art.  Each room is full of masterpieces."



"Sounds impressive," Brian conceded.



"It was."



"You're really enjoying this experience, aren't you?"



"Yes, I am.  It's been great, and there's so much more to come."



"I'm glad."



"Thanks, but you haven't talked about yourself."



"I'm avoiding it."



"Why?" Justin asked, but he thought he already knew.



"I was at Babylon when you called before."



"I figured that out."


"You made me worried when you were so late calling."



"I'm sorry about that, but I couldn't just leave.  I'm going to be with these people for five months, so I need to get to know them."



"I understand."



"Then what's the problem?"



"I miss you."


"I miss you too," Justin replied, softening to Brian's admission.



"You didn't sound like it the other night," Brian accused.



"You didn't give me much of a chance."



"I guess that's true, but I want you so bad."


Justin smiled.  "Me too."



"Tomorrow's Friday.  I was thinking I could catch a flight right after work, and we could spend the weekend together."



"Oh …"



"Don't let your enthusiasm sweep you away," Brian sniped.  He had expected Justin to gush and jump at the chance.



"There's a bit of a problem with that plan," Justin said hesitantly.



"What?" Brian was annoyed.



"We're doing another museum Friday night.  It's part of the curriculum and I have to go."



"I could get a later flight, and we could meet after the museum."



"I guess, but there's something else."


Brian was getting really ticked.  "Tell me!" he barked.



"When you didn't call, I arranged to go to the Statue of Liberty with some other students, and then to see a Broadway show on Saturday night.  I've already paid for it."



"Cancel!  I'll reimburse you," Brian ordered.  He wanted to tell Justin how much he needed to be with him, but it all came out as anger and frustration.



"Don't order me around.  I think next weekend would work better," Justin countered.



"Well, it may not be better for me."



"Brian, try to understand."



"I'm beginning to."



"What do you mean?"



"It's apparent that you have a new set of priorities, and I'm somewhere below the fucking Guggenheim on that list."



"That's not true.  Things'll settle down next week," Justin tried to assure him.



"Sure."



"Brian, don't be like that."



"Why don't you call me when you're ready to spend some time with me?"  Brian handed Justin's ultimatum back to him.  When there was no immediate response from the boy, Brian hung up in annoyance.



Justin stared at his phone, not believing that Brian had hung up on him.  He debated calling back, but knew that would mean a fight with Brian in his present frame of mind.



Brian threw the phone across the loft.  It bounced off the wall and clattered to the hardwood below.  He imagined it shattering into little pieces like his heart, but it spun about on the floor, seemingly intact.  He closed his eyes and screamed "Fuck!!" at the top of his lungs.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



It was Saturday night at Babylon.  Gyrating bodies, pounding music and the smell of sex bombarded Brian's senses as he leaned on the catwalk railing.  He was pleasantly high, just enough alcohol and E, a good combo.  His eyes drifted over the dancers, looking for a likely prospect.



He noticed a blond boy dancing wildly below him.  He thought of Justin, but immediately pushed that thought aside, and headed down the stairs.  The blond was probably twenty, but as Brian got a closer look, he realized he might be even younger.



"Too much like someone else," Brian thought, and turned away.



The blond had already noted Brian's interest, and grabbed his arm to prevent him from leaving.  "Want to dance?" the kid asked, apparently in his most suggestive and flirtatious manner.



Brian looked at him and realized the kid was really flying, higher than a kite.  "No," Brian said and turned away.



The blond grabbed his arm again.  "You're Brian Kinney, aren't you?" he asked.



"Yeah.  So what?"



"I've heard about you.  What a great fuck you are!"



Brian stared at him.



"Want to do me?" the blond asked.



"No thanks."  Again Brian turned to leave.



"Hey!"  The kid grabbed his arm again.  "What's up?  I'm offering."



"I'm refusing."



"Well, fuck you!" the blond yelled, his loud voice drawing attention to their discussion.



"Not in this lifetime!" Brian shot back, as he finally got away from this annoying kid.  What was it with persistent blonds?  He heard some other obscenities being hurled at him, but he kept walking.



He realized he didn't want to be at Babylon, he didn't want to dance, he didn't really want to drink or drug, and he sure as shit didn't want that blond kid.  What he wanted was another blond who was several hundred miles away.  That fucking kid in Babylon had ruined his nice high and screwed up his plans for the evening.  He grabbed his coat and headed for the Jeep.



He started the engine and was about to put the car in gear, when he realized he had nowhere to go.  It was after midnight, and he didn't want to go home … alone.  He could go back inside.  Ted and Emmett were still there, but they were a couple.  He used to be part of a couple.  'Used to be' were the words he had thought.  Past Tense.  That frightened him.  Had things really deteriorated to the point where he and Justin were in the past tense?  He leaned his head on the steering wheel, wondering if Justin would ever call him.



He sat that way for a few minutes, when he heard a tapping sound.  He looked up to see the blond kid from inside staring at him through the side window of the Jeep.  He groaned and gave the kid the finger.  The boy merely smiled and tapped again.  Brian rolled down the window.



"What the fuck do you want?" he asked.



"A good time," the kid replied.



"Then go find some more drugs and a trick to fuck!"



"I want to fuck you and so does my friend," the blond said.  He pulled a taller dark haired young man into view.  



"I told you no," Brian said.



"Hey, we're both willing to go with you.  I want to try a Brian Kinney fuck, even though you pissed me off inside."



Brian stared at him.  He was a persistent little fuck, and his silent friend wasn't hard to look at.  A three-way would be one possibility of getting through this Saturday night.



"Get in," he said.



The blond smiled at him.  He was kind of cute.  His friend gave Brian a weak smile.  He didn't look too sure about this.  The two men climbed into the Jeep and Brian headed for the loft.  He knew this was wrong, but he couldn't help himself.  Maybe a mindless fuck would clear some of the pent up frustration inside him.  If something didn't happen soon, he was going to put his fist through a wall.



No words were spoken on the trip to the loft.  Brian didn't want to know their names or anything else about them.  He just wanted to fuck them and get rid of them.  He hoped the fuck would be worth it.



Brian unlocked the door to the loft.  The two men walked in, looking around in awe of Brian's home.



"Great place," the blond said.



"Yeah." Brian responded.



The dark man hung silently by the door.  The blond had moved over by the coffee table, picking up and looking at everything there.



"Don't touch stuff," Brian ordered.



"Sorry," the kid said.



"Get naked, both of you!" Brian commanded.  He headed to the refrigerator.  He grabbed a bottle of water and downed half of it.  When he turned around, the two men were naked and kissing by the couch.  Their groins rubbed together, their erections evident between them.  Brian watched for a minute.  Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.



"Hey," Brian said.



They stopped kissing and looked over at him.



"I thought you wanted me?"



"We do," the blond said, coming towards Brian, his hard-on bouncing in front of him.



Brian looked behind him at the dark haired man.  His erection was enormous and Brian smiled in anticipation.  The blond was unbuckling Brian's belt, as the dark man approached.  Brian grabbed his erection and stroked it.  The man grinned at him.



"Impressive," Brian said his hand full of cock.



The blond had Brian's jeans down and was sucking him off.  The dark guy removed Brian's jacket and pulled off his shirt.  He started sucking on Brian's tits.



"They may be young, but they're experienced," Brian thought, as he groaned in satisfaction.



The two worked their magic for awhile, until Brian pushed them back and stepped out of his jeans.  "The bed's up here," he stated, heading up to the bedroom.  The two followed him.



"I want to fuck you," Brian said, pointing to the dark haired man.  "You fuck him."



They nodded.  The dark man grabbed a condom from the bowl on the nightstand.  He rolled it onto his massive erection as Brian watched.  The blond laid back on the bed, his legs hanging over the edge.  Brian found the tube of lube.  He slathered some on the enormous penis, rubbing and kissing the dark man.  He squirted some into the palm of this man who then rubbed it over the blond's waiting hole.  His fingers worked the hole for a minute before he positioned his cock at the entrance.  Brian watched as the dark man slowly fed his cock into the blond's hole.  The blond gasped and wrinkled his face in pain.  Brian wasn't sure the kid would be able to take it, but he did.  That really turned Brian on.



"Wait," he said, as he rolled on a condom and lubed it.



The blond moaned and the dark man stayed fully impaled.  Brian stuck his finger in the dark man's ass, his own penis following shortly thereafter.  As his cock disappeared into the warmth and tightness, he hissed, "Yes."



They began to move.  Brian liked driving the train, and he was determined to give both of them the fuck of their lives.  He carefully paced his strokes, the dark man following his lead.  They gradually built the speed until they all came in a blistering series of orgasms within seconds of each other.



They collapsed onto the bed, exhausted.



"Fucking fantastic!" the dark haired man gasped.  These were the first words he had spoken.



"Yeah," the blond agreed.  He rolled over and rested for a minute, looking intently at Brian.  "Can we go again?  I want you to fuck me," he said to Brian.



"In a minute," Brian said.  He was tossing around the idea of letting the dark guy fuck him.  That massive penis would be a real test for his ass.  He might enjoy it.



Just then the phone rang.  He debated not answering, but at one in the morning it might be an emergency with Gus.  He picked up the receiver.



"Yeah," he said.



"Brian?" Justin replied.



"Hey," Brian responded.  "Haven't heard from you for awhile.  How was the play?"  He tried to push the men away as they were starting to lick and suck various parts of his body.



"What?" the blond asked, looking up at Brian.



"Is someone there?" Justin asked.



"Yes," Brian admitted.



"In the loft?  In our bed?"



"Um … yes," Brian had to say.



"I should have known," Justin sounded disgusted.



"Can I call you back in a minute or two?" Brian asked, trying to signal the two men to leave using hand gestures.



"Don't bother!" Justin replied and hung up.



"Shit!"  Brian pressed Justin's number.  It rang and rang and went to voicemail.  "Fuck!"  He slammed the phone down on the cradle.  He laid back, closing his eyes and fighting the urge to cry.



Suddenly he felt a mouth around his dick and lips pressed on his own.  Someone tweaked his nipples and he groaned into the mouth devouring his.  He kept his eyes closed, not wanting to see them.  He didn't try to stop them.  Gradually he gave himself up to the sensations they were causing to race through his body.



In a few minutes he was panting and moaning.  He felt a condom being rolled on his straining cock.  A hand dragged up and down his shaft.  "Lube," he thought, as the barrage of kisses continued and fingers squeezed and played with his tits.



A hand grabbed the base of his cock and held it straight up.  He kept his eyes closed, but felt the weight shift from his legs and something press against the tip of his cock.  The blond must be squatting above his penis, ready to take it in and ride it for all it was worth.  He decided to let it happen.



He felt the boy's weight settle onto his groin, and knew he was fully inside.  He heard a small gasp escape the kid's mouth and then the ride began.  The blond was pretty good, certainly knew what he was doing, but Brian liked to be in control.  He reached up and grabbed the blond, pulling him close, and rolling them over so that Brian was now on top.  He rose up on his knees and began to fuck in earnest.



He sensed someone behind him and felt the dark guy press the tip of his penis to Brian's hole.  Brian turned and looked at the man.



"Why not?" he thought.  "I've fucked up everything else."  He nodded to the dark man.



He felt fingers enter his hole and spread his anus.  He was grateful for that.  This guy was huge.  Then he felt the penis breach the first ring of muscle.  "Ahhh!" he yelled.  "Christ, you're big."



"I'll take it slow," the dark man promised.



Brian leaned forward to ease access to his hole.  The blond grabbed him and tried to suck his tongue down his throat.  Brian was still fully inside him and he was getting frantic waiting for the other two.



Brian took some more of the big dick and again yelled in pain.  He was about to tell the guy to stop when he shoved in the rest of the way.  Brian screamed in pain.  He had never felt anything like this before.  The guy held onto him and stayed still until Brian quieted down.  Then he began a slow, easy rhythm.  It didn't hurt so much after that, and Brian began to enjoy being stretched and filled by the monster dick.  He matched the rhythm, pounding into the blond.  They weren't long in reaching climax, Brian first, being trapped in the middle, followed by the blond who he jerked off, and finally the dark guy shot his load in Brian's ass.  He felt the huge dick being carefully withdrawn.



"God, you're tight!  I don't think I tore anything, but you're going to be sore for a day or two," the dark guy told him as he disposed of his condom.



"You're telling me!" Brian replied, feeling around his anus.



"That was awesome," the blond contributed.



"Time for you two to go," Brian said.



They looked a little hurt, but started to get up.



"We could stay?" the blond offered.



"Come on!" the dark guy ordered.  "Let's go."



They headed to the living room to gather up their clothes.  Brian wasn't sure he could move, but he managed to raise up enough to see them going out the door.  He flopped back on the bed, as he heard the door slam behind them.



He was sore in more ways than one.  How did he always manage to royally fuck things up?  How could Justin have called at just that moment?



"Fuck!" he yelled, pounding on the sheets.



He searched for the phone and hit Justin's number.  It rang several times, and he was mentally composing a voicemail message, when a voice said, "Hello?"



Brian didn't know what to say, so he said nothing.



"Is that you, Brian?" Justin asked.



"Brian took a deep breath and said, "Yes."


Justin waited.  Brian didn't know what to say next.



Finally Justin asked, "Are you going to say anything?"



"What can I say?  I fucked up."



"No shit!"



"If you hadn't hung up on me, I was going to tell them to leave."



"Them?"



"Uh … yeah."



"How many them?"



"Two."



"Oh."



"Justin, I …"



"Don't, Brian.  You don't have to explain.  I told you that before I left."



"I know but …"



"No, I mean it.  I shouldn't have hung up on you."



"I can't stand it when we fight.  Then I do stupid dumbass stuff like this," Brian said, shaking his head.



"I understand."



"You understand?  How can you?  I don't even understand it."


"I've always told you that I know you better than you know yourself."



"Must be true."



"See," Justin chuckled.



Brian was so relieved to hear that sound, so relieved that Justin wasn't screaming at him or cursing or hanging up.  "It took two of them, and they didn't begin to fill my need for you," Brian said.



"Oh?"



Brian had expected a different reaction.  He had meant it to be funny, but he also realized the innate truth of the statement.  It seemed that Justin had realized it too.



"It's barely been a week and we've had how many fights?  What are we going to do?" Justin asked, a tinge of panic evident in his voice.



"Fuck if I know," Brian responded.



"Fuck is right," Justin couldn't help saying.



Brian groaned.  "I really needed to see you this weekend."



"I know.  I should have cancelled my plans and told you to come."



"I wish you had."



They were both silent for a few moments.



"Can we plan on next weekend?" Justin finally asked.



"Try to keep me away, that is, if you want me there?"



"Of course, I do."



"Then, I'll do my best," Brian replied.  "Let's say I'll be there Friday evening, and we'll be together till late Sunday.  Sound okay?"



"It sounds great!  Do you think you'll be able to do it?"



"I'm coming!" Brian stated emphatically.



"Leave that to me," Justin whispered with a grin on his face.



"That's a deal."



"I love you."



"I do too," Brian said, "and I'm going to fuck you to oblivion."



"Hmmm, never been to oblivion," Justin joked.



"You will be next weekend."



"I can hardly wait."



"Justin …"



"What?"



"I…I…Are we going to make it?" Brian asked.



"I hope so, but we didn't get off to a very good start."



"That's putting it mildly."


"I think we can do it, but we have to talk, not fight."



Brian groaned.  "You know how I feel about talking."


"I know, but long distance, it's the best we can do.  And it's really necessary!" Justin stated.



"Yeah, you're right.  I'll try."



"See!  If you talk to me, we get along really well."



"You mean if I agree with you."



"Well, that helps, of course," Justin giggled.



"Asshole!"



"I have a cute one, so I've been told."



"I'll have to agree again."



"I'm always right."



Brian groaned again.  "What an egomaniac!"



"But you love me anyway."


"Yeah, I do."



"Can you make it till Friday night?" Justin asked.



"I'm going to give it a shot."



"Good boy."


Brian laughed.  "Have I been demoted to 'boy', or am I getting younger by the minute?"


"You're perfect the way you are."



"I'd be better in New York."


"Friday."

"Yeah."


"Bye, Brian.  I love you."



"Bye."



They both clicked off.  Brian set down the phone and rolled over.  He felt a twinge of pain in his ass.  God, that guy had been massive!  He got up gingerly and headed for the shower.  He'd clean up and feel better.  He'd wash off the smell and feel of those guys, and he'd keep his resolve until next Friday.



Now he had something to look forward to beyond the confines of fucking Pittsburgh.  Six days and he'd be with Justin in New York.

Chapter 20 - Of Friends and Feelings by Thyme

 

Of Friends and Feelings  

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Friday!  Tomorrow was Friday.  All he had to do was get through this night and one more day of work, and he could get on a plane and be with Justin in New York.  It had been a helluva long week.



Brian tossed around in his bed in the loft.  It was almost midnight and then he could talk to Justin, maybe have a little phone sex, enough to tide him over until tomorrow night when they could finally be together.  He was naked and horny as Hell, but he was proud of himself.  He had gone the whole week without tricking.  It had been difficult, excruciating at times, but he had done it.



After the first dew days of Justin's absence, things had settled into a bearable routine for the two of them.  They put the miscommunication, the tricking and the fights behind them.  Justin's schedule for his second week in New York was a little easier to handle.  The nightly museum visits were over and he had a lot more free time, to be used for studio work.  That meant that Brian and Justin could establish some consistent lines of communication.  They agreed to call at midnight every night.  That gave Brian time to do Woody's and Babylon, if he wanted to, and it gave Justin time with his new friends or to work in his studio area.  They could both be in their beds and ready for phone sex when the other called.



It was Justin's turn to call this night, so Brian waited.  He had nearly fucked everything up, tricking and drinking and drugging, the first week Justin was gone.  They had fought and hurt each other.  They had missed the opportunity to spend the last weekend together by being stubborn and intractable.  Somehow, though, they had worked through all the crap.  Brian could hardly wait to see Justin tomorrow.



The phone rang.



Brian quickly grabbed it and said, "Hey."



"Hi," Justin responded.  Brian could hear the smile in his voice.



"One more day," Brian stated.



"I know.  I can hardly wait."


"Me too."


"What did you do today?" Justin asked.



"Had dinner at Lindsay and Mel's.  Played with Gus."



"I miss him," Justin said softly.



"He misses you too.  Whenever he sees me, he expects you to be there too.  He looks over my shoulder or around my leg to see where you are."



"He doesn't really understand, does he?"


"Not really.  He just misses his playmate."



"That's sad."



"Yeah.  I'm not half as much fun as you are," Brian joked.



"You're fun in other ways," Justin responded.



"Such as?"



"In bed."



"Oh?  Is that all?"



"Dancing at Babylon."



"Umm."


"Playing pool."


"Uh huh."


"Scrabble."



"Now you're reaching," Brian laughed.



"Maybe a bit.  I'm glad you went to see Gus."



"So am I.  I've been there three times this week," Brian stated.



"Really?"



"I'm behaving myself."


"Good boy!"



"No tricks, no getting wasted," Brian said proudly.



"Wow!" Justin reacted.



"Is that all you have to say?"



"I'm impressed, and pleased," Justin admitted.



"Good.  It hasn't been easy."


"I can imagine."


"But …" Brian hesitated.



"But what?"


"I am so desperate for you, I can't stand it."


"You say such sweet things, Mr. Kinney."


"I'm not kidding!" Brian almost yelled.



"I know, I know," Justin replied.  "Let's see if we can help you."


"Please."  Justin heard the need in Brian's voice.

"Lie back," Justin said.  "Are you comfortable?"


"Except for my dick."


"Why?" Justin chuckled.

"It hurts.  It wants you … so much."


"I'm there.  I'm kissing the tip that way I do," Justin whispered.



"Umm.  It jumped when you said that."



"In anticipation?"



"Yeah."



"I love your cock.  Imagine it pressing against my hole."


"Mmmm!"  Brian ached for his boy.


"Feel it drive in through the tightness."



Brian's hand encircled his cock, imagining it trapped inside of Justin instead of in his fist.



"You're pumping in and out.  Feel the heat and friction."


Brian worked his hand up and down, listening to Justin's soft words.  His breaths became short and rapid, as his orgasm approached.  "How are you doing?" he asked in a voice raw with lust.



"Almost there," Justin gasped.



"Me too."



"I love you," Justin declared.  Brian heard him moan as his orgasm took over.  Brian's followed soon after.



Neither spoke for a minute or two.



"Justin?"



"Umm."


"You okay?"



"I miss you.  Get here as soon as you can."


"I will."



"Night, Brian."



"Goodnight," Brian replied.  He heard the sadness in Justin's voice.  They hung up.  This was the hardest part.  The phone sex relieved the body tension, but it magnified the emptiness and loneliness that overtook them when the phone link was broken.  They were separate – no touching, no caresses, no kisses, no spooning together, warm and protected.  Just an empty bed and a sense of being incomplete.



Brian groaned and turned on his side.  He ran his hands over the sheets where Justin should be.  "Tomorrow," he whispered and closed his eyes.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



The plane landed on time and Brian caught a cab to NYU.  It was almost eight p.m. when the taxi pulled up to the dorm at the university.  Brian had wanted to get a hotel room and meet Justin there, but the boy wanted Brian to stay in his dorm, meet his friends and see his work.  Brian just wanted to be with him and agreed to whatever Justin wanted.



As he stepped out of the cab and turned around, a blond package threw itself into his arms.  Brian almost fell off the curb, as the cab pulled away and the force of Justin's onslaught drove him backwards.  He managed to regain his balance and hugged his lover to his chest.



"Justin," he breathed between kisses.



"I can't believe you're finally here!" Justin gushed.



"In the flesh, and ready for action," Brian declared.



"Let's go up to my room."



"You don't have to ask me twice."



Brian grabbed his bag, Justin grabbed his hand, and he found himself being dragged inside and up to the second floor.  He was pulled down the hallway and into a room.  Justin slammed the door behind them, and Brian found himself pinned against the door by Justin's mouth and body.



They kissed, trying to devour each other.  Justin shoved Brian's coat off his shoulders, and they began tearing off each other's clothes.  By the time they got naked they were both hard and aching for relief.



Brian scooped up his boy and threw them both onto the bed.  Their bodies slammed into the mattress.  Brian pressed against Justin with every part of his body and with all of his might.  They moaned in satisfaction, finally being close and touching after their two week separation.



"Fuck me, Brian," Justin gasped.  "I need you."


Brian looked deep into Justin's eyes.  "I love you so much.  I've missed you every minute," he declared.



Justin smiled.  "I love you too, but can we talk later?" he asked breathlessly.



Brian laughed.  "I never thought I'd hear you ask that."



"There's a first time for everything," Justin moaned between kisses.



Brian felt his cock reaching for the place it most wanted to be.  He groaned, not wanting to break contact with Justin for even a second, but he knew he needed to get a condom on fast, or they'd be doing it without one.  He raised up and grabbed a condom from his pants on the floor.  As he donned it, he saw Justin staring at him lovingly.  He had to kiss that mouth, and he did so.  The brief separation had seemed interminable.  They both savoured the renewed pressure.



Justin handed him a tube of lube and he used it quickly.  Almost immediately he was inside Justin.  They both gasped and stopped.



"God, this feels so good," Justin whispered.



"The only place I want to be," Brian replied.



Brian drew back, and staring into Justin's eyes, he asked, "Ready?"



Justin smiled his sunshine smile and nodded.  Brian rammed in and they both gasped.  Brian poured, his love, his need, his longing into each thrust.  They were lost to the sensations and emotions that coursed through their bodies.  Orgasms wracked each of them.  Finally they lay spent, wrapped around each other.



"That felt so good and so right," Brian whispered.



"I know," Justin agreed.  He began kissing Brian's cheeks, his forehead, his mouth, his nose.  Then he started over again.  "I want to eat you," he whispered.  "I've missed you so much."



"Me too," Brian said, his cock beginning to stiffen with each kiss Justin gave him.  "I don't know how I managed to get through the last two weeks without you."



"I don't either," Justin agreed.  "I'm irreplaceable," he joked, continuing his kissing pattern.



"You got that right!"  Brian began to kiss back.  Within moments he had on another condom and was entering Justin again, the second of many times to come.  They spent the rest of the night fucking and sucking and making up for two weeks of deprivation.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian opened his eyes and blinked.  Light poured into the room from the window opposite the bed.  He thought he had heard someone knocking.  He wondered what time it was and looked around for a clock.  An alarm clock on the bureau registered 9:15.  He had no idea how much sleep he got, not much he thought.  He looked down at Justin who slept blissfully on, cradled against him, his head resting on Brian's chest.



Brian jumped.  Someone was pounding on the door.  Justin's eyes blinked open, just as the door to the room opened and a pair of faces looked in at them.



"Oops," the girl said blushing.



"Sorry," the boy added, and was about to shut the door.



"Wait," Justin said, sitting up.  "What time is it?"



"About quarter after nine," the boy replied.  "We were going to take you guys to breakfast at nine.  Remember?"



"Sorry, Dale," Justin said.  "We were kind of exhausted."  He grinned.



"I bet," Dale replied.  "We waited, we knocked, and then we tried the door.  It wasn't locked."


"We forgot," Justin said.



"We didn't care," Brian added with his trademark smirk.



"Oh, Brian, this is Dale and Joanne.  This is Brian," Justin introduced them.  "If you guys can wait ten minutes, we'll meet you in the common room."



"Sure!" they each said, and quickly closed the door.



"That was an interesting way to wake up," Brian said, tongue in cheek.



"Sorry about that, but I promised we'd go to breakfast with them."



"Do we have to?" Brian whined.  "I want to stay here with you."



"I know, but I want you to meet my friends.  I promised."  Justin gave Brian a most delectable pout.



Brian groaned.  "How can I refuse you anything, when you look at me like that?"



"Good.  Let's go," Justin said, getting up.



"I need a shower and so do you … after last night."



Justin grinned.  "It's across the hall."



"Shit, Justin!  I don't do communal showers."



"You get your own cubicle," Justin giggled.



"I like private showers where we can do other things," Brian said suggestively.



"I know you do, but we don't have time anyway."



Justin pulled Brian out of the bed.  He grabbed his robe and started putting it on.  Brian stood watching him.



"Get your robe out of your bag," Justin said.



"I didn't bring one," Brian said smugly.



"Well, you can't go like that."



"Why not?"



"Briiaaan!  I have to work with these people.  Cover up!"



"Oh, all right."  Brian picked up his shirt from last night and threw it on.



"That barely covers your dick," Justin observed.



"When did you become such a prude?"



"About the same time you refused to do communal showers!" Justin retorted.  "Come on."



He grabbed Brian's hand and pulled him out the door.  He glanced up and down the hall.  No one was visible, so he dragged Brian down a few doors and into the washroom.  He started a shower and ordered Brian to get in.  Brian stepped in and lathered up under the warm water.



"Hurry up," Justin ordered from the next cubicle.



Brian heard Justin's shower go off.  He decided he better get a move on.  He rinsed his hair and toweled off.  He wrapped the towel around his waist and stepped out.  There was no sign of Justin.



"Justin?" he said.



The washroom door opened and Justin came back in.  He handed Brian his shaving kit.



"Shave," he ordered.



"Bossy little bitch!" Brian chided.



Justin laughed.  "Do as you're told!  We're already late."



Brian smiled.  He opened his shaving kit and got to work.  It took them twenty minutes, and a lot of nagging and bullying on Justin's part, to get them to the common room.



Dale and Joanne were sitting on a couch waiting for them.  Several other students sat, lounged on or draped over furniture around the room.  Justin went over to his two friends.  Brian could feel everyone watching him.  He felt like a lab specimen under close examination by all present.



"Dale and Joanne, this is Brian," Justin said.



"Hi," they replied.



"We already met," Brian said, "but hi yourselves."



"You look good in clothes," Dale observed.



"He looked pretty good without clothes," Joanne said, and then blushed.



Brian chuckled.  "Thanks for noticing."


He heard a few chuckles and glanced around the room.



"Okay, you guys," Justin stated.  "Now you've seen him."  He looked around at the other students.



"Not bad, Taylor," one good looking boy said.



"Just like you described him," a girl with glasses added.



"Scrumptious," another girl beside her said.



"Lucky dog!" a tall thin young man snorted.



"Come on, you guys!"  Justin blushed.  "Let's go!" he said to Dale and Joanne.



Dale and Joanne stood up and they started towards the door with Justin.  Brian stood still, not moving.



"Brian?" Justin said.



"I'm not sure I want to leave.  I like it here."  He heard laughter from around the room.



"We'll keep you happy!" someone said.



"No you won't!" Justin snapped.  He grabbed Brian's hand and yanked him through the doorway.



"Your friends have good taste," Brian told him.



"Smug bastard, aren't you?" Justin retorted.



"Just what have you been telling these people about me?"



"He told us you were gorgeous and smart and funny," Joanne said.



Brian looked at Justin who was blushing.  "You did?"



Justin shrugged.



"He also said you were the best," Dale added.



"Cripes, will you two shut up!  He's already got an ego the size of Texas.  There'll be no living with him," Justin groaned.



"What do you mean?" Brian asked.  "I'm very modest and self-effacing."



Justin choked back a laugh.  Dale and Joanne smiled.



"Want to do the bagel place?" Joanne asked.



"Sounds good," Justin said.  He grabbed Brian's arm and they headed off.  It was a short walk off the campus.



Since it was now after ten, the place had several tables available.  They all ordered bagels, cream cheese and coffee.  The bagels were delicious, real New York style.



"You never get bagels this good in Pittsburgh," Brian said.



"That's for sure!" Joanne agreed.



"You're the other student from PIFA?" Brian clarified.



"Yep."



"Must be a treat to be out of the Pitts?"



"That's a definite yes!"



"How about you Dale?  Where are you from?" Brian asked.



"Phoenix."



"You're a long way from home."



"Yeah."



"How did you and Justin hook up?"  Brian wanted to know.



"We arrived at NYU about the same time.  We joined forces to find the admin building, and then we ended up on the same floor in the dorm.  We hit it off."



"Not too much, I hope?" Brian speculated.



"Jealous?" Dale asked.



"Should I be?" Brian countered.



"I am gay, but Justin never stops talking about you."



Brian looked at Justin and smiled.



"We're good friends," Dale said.



"I'm glad," Brian said.  "Justin's a long way away from his other friends.  I'm glad he found you two."



They smiled at Brian, liking his approval.



"Justin told us you're in advertising," Joanne said.



"Um hmm.  Vangard."



"Do you draw up the ads?" she wanted to know.



"I'm more the idea man.  I make proposals, but real artists do most of the actual ads or commercials.  I mainly set it in motion."



"Do you like it?" she asked.



"I guess so. It's a challenge."



"Hmm," she said.



"Looking for a career in advertising?" Brian asked.



"I don't really know what I want to do," Joanne replied.



"She's a great painter," Justin offered.



Joanne beamed at him.  Brian realized she had a big crush on Justin, gay or not.  "Thanks, Justin, but it's hard to make a living as an artist these days.  I need something more practical."



"Well, if you ever want to intern at Vangard, I could put a word in for you," Brian offered.



"That would be great.  Thanks."  She smiled genuinely at him.



"Know any companies in Phoenix?" Dale asked.



"Afraid not.  What's your specialty?" Brian wanted to know.



"Computer graphics mostly, but I love to sculpt."



"Sounds like you're both trying to find practical uses for your art," Brian observed.



"That's true," Dale agreed.  "We both have to make a living somehow."



"Don't want to be a starving artist?" Brian asked.



"Not for me," Dale stated.



Justin had said almost nothing during breakfast.  He sat back and observed Brian with his new friends.  He was impressed and happy with Brian.  He had expected him to gripe about the dorm room, the single bed and the shower across the hall.  He knew Brian had an acid tongue and could have made his friends very uncomfortable.  However, he had hoped Brian would like his new friends and they would like him.  That seemed to be what was happening.  He was pleased.  Brian had been a model of friendliness all through breakfast.



They finished eating and got up to leave.  Brian insisted on paying, figuring students could use a treat.  After telling Brian how much they enjoyed meeting him and thanking him for breakfast, Dale and Joanne headed off.



Justin gave Brian a big hug.



"What was that for?" Brian asked.



"Being nice to my friends."



"I like your friends."



"I could see that."



"You didn't have much to say this morning," Brian said.



"I was watching you."


"Why?"


I wanted you to like my friends, and to see how much I love it here."



"I see that," Brian admitted.



"The only thing that would make it totally perfect would be if you were here all the time."



"Let's not talk about that now.  I want to enjoy the day with you."



"What do you want to do?" Justin asked.



"Go back to bed … with you."



"Is that all?"



"That's everything!" Brian said emphatically.



Justin smiled at him and leaned against him.  "Don't you want to do something special in the big city?"



"I want to fuck you," Brian whispered.



"You've already done that, over and over again," Justin giggled, his pleasure at Brian's admission clearly evident.



"I'm not done yet," Brian stated, sticking his tongue in his cheek.



"You're never done."



"Lucky for you."



"True, but can we walk around campus?  I want to show you my studio space and some of my pieces."



"Pieces?"



"I've done three pieces I really like.  I told you I got some great ideas when we went to the museums."



"That's great," Brian said.  "Sure, let's go do that."



Justin linked his arm through Brian's and they started off.  They strolled along at a leisurely pace.  Justin pointed out the buildings where he had classes.  He prattled on about things he had done.  Brian listened, asking an occasional question, but mostly enjoying the sound of Justin's voice and the gentle pressure from his arm.



When they arrived at Justin's space, he hauled out the three pieces he had talked about.  They were unlike anything Brian had seen him do before.  They were abstract, some mixed media, vibrant colours.  Justin set them out, waiting shyly for Brian's reaction.



"God, Justin, they take my breath away."



Justin released a breath and his radiant smile lit up the room.  "One of them represents you," he said softly.



"Only one?" Brian joked.  "My percentage of your work is steadily dropping."



"Well, I have had more experiences lately," Justin said, hoping Brian wasn't hurt that only one of the pieces was of him.



"More experiences, but not better experiences, I hope."



"There's nothing or no one better than you."



"What were you saying about my ego earlier?"



"About how big it is?"



"That's it, and then you tell me stuff like that.  What do you expect?" Brian joked.



"I expect you to be you, however that is," Justin said sincerely.



"So which one is me?" Brian asked, deflecting that comment.



"Guess!"



"Hmm.  Let's see."  One was mostly blues, one mainly gray and black and one many shades of red, heading into orange.  "By colour I'd pick the red."



"Why?"



"Well, you're painting it and it represents me in some way, right?"



"Yeah."



"Red for the heat that burns between us.  Red for passion and lust and fucking.  Red for my heart that belongs to you. Am I right?"



Justin's cheeks were rather red, as he said, "One hundred percent!"



"You're kidding?"



"No, I'm not.  It's called 'My Passion', and I was thinking about how much I wanted and needed you, and how my heart ached for you."



"Whew!  That's almost spooky."



"Yeah, it is.  We are so in tune," Justin marveled.



"Remember when we got so out of sync and you went with Ethan?"



"Yeah, I wish I could forget."



"We were heading in that direction last week."



"I know, but we stopped it."



"Do you think we're getting better at this relationship thing?" Brian asked.



"I hope so."



"Me too.  I hated fighting last week, but sometimes I'm not able to stop myself."



"Yeah.  We both have our moments," Justin admitted.



"Well!  I love your work.  You seem to have taken a whole different direction, and it's having great results."



"It's exciting here!  So much to see and do.  I love it!"



"That's good," Brian said.



"And I have you to thank for it.  I would never have come if you hadn't pushed me.  I owe you so much."



"No, you don't.  We give each other what we need.  We don't owe anything."



"That's a nice way to put it.  Are you mellowing?"



"I hope not.  Can we move on now?" Brian said abruptly.



"Sure," Justin said, smiling to himself at how quickly Brian turned the subject away from his feelings.  He was secretly pleased at Brian's admission.  "Where should we go now?"  He put his paintings away.



"Back to bed!"



"'Kay," Justin grinned.



"Good!  Come on," Brian said, all ready to go.



They hurried back to Justin's room and spent the afternoon in bed.  They fucked and made love several times.  They napped a bit, but mainly enjoyed touching and being together.



As it grew dark, Justin looked into Brian's eyes.  "The day's slipping away," he said sadly.



"What's wrong?" Brian asked, brushing the hair back from Justin's forehead.



"By this time tomorrow you'll be getting ready to go to the airport."



"Don't worry about that, just enjoy today."



"I have.  You were great with my friends."



"Thanks.  I like Dale and Joanne.  I'm glad you've found some good people to hang out with.  You need to spend time with people your own age," Brian said.



"Are you still worried about the age thing?"



"I think about it sometimes," Brian admitted.



"I'm having a great time here, but no better than the time I have with you."



"Yeah, right!"



"I mean it.  I love being with you."



"The sex is great," Brian admitted.



"Will you stop!  Sure, the sex is fabulous, cosmic sometimes, but I had just as great a time with you at breakfast and walking around the campus."



"Seriously?"



"I mean it.  You're not just my sex toy," Justin joked.



"You mean I have other uses?"



"Many."



"Like what?"



"You want a list?"



"Yeah, I think I do."



"Okay.  Here goes.  You're my friend.  We do lots of stuff together.  You listen to me and help me when I need it.  You were great when my father was sick.  You look after me.  You've saved me so many times, from Chris Hobbs to the Thanksgiving ham.  You support me in so many ways, financially with my education and encouraging me with my art.  You're a great model for my drawings."



Brian snorted.



"What?" Justin asked.



"I was asleep for half of those."



They both laughed at that.



"Was that enough or shall I continue?"



"You have more?" Brian asked, genuinely surprised.



"I have a million.  Don't you know that?"



"No.  I know I'm a good fuck, but this other stuff …"



"Hey, where's that ego the size of Texas?"



"It's only there in relation to certain topics."



"Sex and work?"



"Uh huh, and a few other things."



"Like what?"



"I try to be a good friend."



"You are.  The gang depends on you."



"I try to be a good father, even though I'm not much good at it."



"Gus loves you and needs you."



"I know," Brian said.  "How did we get so serious all of a sudden?"



"This is one of the things I love about you too.  When we talk and you reveal little bits of information about the real you and how you feel about things and about yourself.  However …?"



"What however?"



"It only lasts for a millisecond, so I have to savour it while I can.  Then you change the subject."



Brian looked into Justin's eyes, but he didn't say anything.  Justin waited.



"Hmm.  I'm hungry," Brian said.



Justin laughed out loud and shook his head.  "Hungry, are you?"



"We should have dinner," Brian said, glad that Justin didn't pursue the previous topic of conversation.



"I asked around and I have the name of a great Indian restaurant.  Two profs told me to take you there," Justin said.



"Profs?  Why are they recommending restaurants?"



"I asked them.  I wanted a nice place to take you, if you wanted to eat out."



"Indian?  I don't know."



"We could order pizza," Justin said.



"Maybe Indian wouldn't be so bad," Brian said, giving him a kiss.  He ran his hand up Justin's thigh and pulled him close.  "We can do whatever you want," he whispered.



"Let's go out.  I want to show you off."



Brian laughed.  "I thought that was this morning."



"It was," Justin giggled, "but you had hardly any time to get ready.  Tonight you can take your time."



"You don't think they were sufficiently impressed this morning?"



"Oh, they were impressed, but I want them to drool."



Brian snickered.  "Are all the guys gay?" he asked.  "Maybe I should be concerned about you being here."



"You don't need to worry.  I only want you."



"Are they all gay?" Brian repeated.



"Several."



"Oh?"



"Really, Brian, don't worry.  I want them to see how much I love you."



"Okay, Sunshine, let's drop it," Brian said.  "I need another shower in your lovely facilities, then I'll make myself irresistibly sexy, and you can parade me around like a show pony."



"Don't you mean show stallion?" Justin joked.



"That sounds better.  Come on, I need a lot of prep time."  He got up off the bed and pulled Justin against his naked body.  Justin felt that immediate rush of lust and he knew Brian did too.



"We could stay here, if you want?" Justin said, leaning against his man.



"I want, but we can do that later.  Come to the shower with me," Brian ordered, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around his hips.  "I'll give them all a show to remember."



They showered and dressed.  Brian had brought his black leather pants that fit him like a second skin.  They revealed every muscle and bulge beneath them, and left very little to the imagination.  He had a black silk sweater that clung seductively to his body.  He fixed his unruly hair and splashed on some of his cologne that smelled so wonderful.



Brian turned from the mirror.  "Will I do?" he asked.



"You're going to have to beat them off with a stick," Justin stated.



"I take that to mean that I pass inspection?"



"I'm not sure that I'm going to let you out of this room," Justin declared.



Brian laughed.  "I'm willing to stay here."



"Okay," Justin said too quickly.



"Too late.  I'm ready, so let's go," Brian said.



He took Justin's hand, grabbed his leather jacket and they stepped out of the room.  Brian heard doors opening and whispered voices as they passed the rooms in the hall.  At the end of the hall, Brian stopped.  He turned back to see heads, both male and female, sticking out of most of the doors.



"Hope you got a good look," he said with a chuckle.  "Justin and I should be back around eleven, if you want to catch us on the way through."



There was a round of applause and some catcalls, as Brian ushered Justin into the stairwell.



"You are so bad!" Justin chided him.



"Well, you wanted me to give them a show."



"And you sure did!"



"I didn't want to let you down."



"You rarely do."



Brian gave him a kiss and they went down the stairs.  As they passed the common room, Brian said, "Would you like to have Dale and Joanne join us?  My treat."



"That's nice, Brian, but I want you all to myself."



"Okay.  Just thought I'd ask."



"What about lunch tomorrow?"



"Sure."



Justin looked in the common room and saw Joanne reading a book.  "Hey, Joanne," he said.  "Brian would like to treat you and Dale to lunch tomorrow.  Are you available?"



"Sounds great.  Around noon?'



"If you see Dale, tell him.  Brian and I are on our way to dinner."



"Oh, hi Brian."  She hadn't even noticed him.  "You two look great.  Have fun!"



They quickly left and started walking towards the edge of the campus.



"How far is this place?" Brian asked.  "I'm dressed for show, not for winter in New York."



Justin laughed.  "You could freeze your nuts off in that outfit.  We're going to the cab stand.  See it over there?"



"Okay.  I'm freezing."



They caught a cab and headed to the restaurant. Justin rubbed all of Brian's cold parts and some he was sure weren't cold at all.  The cabbie kept glancing in the rearview mirror, but Brian insisted that Justin warm him up.



They had a great meal.  Brian asked the waiter to recommend some dishes ranging from sweet to very spicy.  They had strange names like Korma and Vindaloo and Tandoori.  Chicken and lamb predominated.  They ordered way too much food, but it was all delicious, and they sampled everything.  The waiter was a hoot, urging them to try the very spicy dishes, and keeping them supplied with lots of beer to wash it down.  They had a great time.



When they were through eating, they had a dark, strong coffee.  Brian was strangely quiet.



"Are you all right?" Justin asked.



"Just thinking," Brian responded.



"What about?"



"Oh, nothing.  Have you hit any clubs in the Big Apple?"



"Haven't had time, but somebody told me there's one called Whiplash near here.  Want to go for a while?" Justin asked.



"Whiplash?  Sounds kinky.  Is it leather?"



"I don't think so.  It's just a name."



"Okay.  Let's check it out.  We're suitably slutty in attire whatever it turns out to be," Brian stated.



They grabbed a cab and had a short ride of about four blocks.  The club wasn't as big as Babylon, but there were a lot of similarities.  There was a hefty entrance charge, and the drinks were double the price of Pittsburgh.



"Good job I didn't come here," Justin said.  "It costs a fortune."



"Wouldn't want to pay this every night," Brian agreed.  "Music's pretty good though."



"Lots of good looking guys," Justin observed, looking around and taking it all in.



"Hey, stud!  Wanna dance?" Brian asked.



"Anytime," Justin smiled.



Brian led him to the dance floor.  They moved together, as they always did, more interested in each other than in what was going on around them.  Even for New York, they were a striking couple.



After a few dances, Brian said he was going to the restroom and would meet Justin at the bar.  He worked his way through the crowd, passing by what he was sure was the entrance to the backroom.  He smiled.  He didn't have the least desire to go in there.  Justin was all he wanted.



He had the usual problem finding a cubicle that wasn't being used for drugs or sex.  He got propositioned several times, but politely said he was with someone.  He wondered if the same thing was happening to Justin.



As he left the restroom, a man caught his eye.  He quickly turned and disappeared from Brian's view.  Brian had a fleeting thought that it was Noel.  He headed in the direction this phantom had gone, but couldn't spot him again.  Maybe he had been mistaken.  He headed back to the bar.  Some guy was hitting on Justin as he approached.



"Hi, honey," Brian said, giving the boy a quick kiss.



"You're back," Justin gushed, hugging him, and looking daggers at the man who began backing away.



"You okay?" Brian asked.



"He wouldn't take no for an answer," Justin sighed.



"Maybe we should get you some martial arts training."



"No thanks.  I don't see why they won't believe me when I say I'm not interested."  He shook his head.



"You are too cute.  They can't resist you."



"Yuck.  I don't want them."



Brian laughed.  "I got hit on a few times too."



"How many?"



"Five."



"Did you turn them all down?"



"No.  I'm fucking you till midnight, and then I have one lined up for each hour after that."  Brian sucked in his lips to keep from smiling.



"You are such a liar!"  Justin swatted him.  "But you could if you wanted to," he added.  "I know that."



"But I don't want to," he stated emphatically.



"Good," Justin said, giving him a quick kiss.



"How about one more dance?  I think we can just get it in and be back in time for the eleven o'clock show in your hall."



Justin hugged him.  "You're nuts, you know."



"I know, but you love me anyway."

"You bet."



They went out on the dance floor, enjoying the throbbing music.  Brian saw a young man dancing toward him.  His eyes locked on Brian's.  Brian looked away.



"Hey, Taylor." Brian heard, and looked up to see the young man right next to him.



"Hi, Zach," he heard Justin say.



"This your boyfriend?" Zach asked, giving Brian the once over.



"Yeah.  Zach, this is Brian.  Brian - Zach," Justin said.



Brian nodded, noting the way Zach looked at him.



"See ya," Zach said and danced away.



"Who's he?" Brian asked.



"One of the students in my course."



"Oh."



They finished their dance, grabbed their coats and headed outside to grab a cab.  As Brian got into the taxi, he saw a figure that he was sure was the same man that he had thought was Noel.  He experienced a sudden jab of fear, but the man had disappeared as he tried to find him again in the crowd of people.  Had it really been Noel, or was his imagination running wild?  Should he tell Justin what he thought he had seen?  He didn't want to upset Justin over what could be nothing.  He decided to keep his mouth shut.



At quarter after eleven they arrived at the dorm.  As they entered the hallway, they both laughed out loud.  Outside of almost every door sat a student with a bag of popcorn and a soft drink.  Some had binoculars.



"You're late," they all chimed.



"You guys!" Justin groaned.



"My fan club!" Brian exclaimed.



He tossed his leather jacket over his shoulder and began to slowly saunter down the hall.  There was a barrage of whistles and cheers.  He played it for all it was worth.  He squatted suggestively to get a sip of soda from one student, and bent over to show off his ass as he got a handful of popcorn from another.



Justin followed behind him, blushing all the way.  He wished Brian would hurry up.  He had wanted everyone to see how beautiful Brian was, but this wasn't exactly what he had had in mind.  Brian was enjoying every minute of the attention.  Finally Justin rushed past him and unlocked his door.  As Brian got closer, he reached out, grabbed his hand and yanked Brian into his room.  He slammed the door behind them.  They could hear a round of applause and laughter from the hallway.



"You are absolutely shameless!" Justin berated him.



"What?" Brian asked innocently.  "You wanted your friends to like me."



"Not like that!"



"I was only teasing," Brian said, trying to mollify Justin.



"You're too damn good at it!"



Just then there was a chant echoing from the hallway.  "Encore, encore!" they shouted.



Brian looked at Justin, who couldn't help but laugh.  "Your public awaits!" Justin said.



"I won't go if you don't want me to."

"Oh, go on.  They're calling for you," Justin gave in.



"A quick one," Brian said.  He opened the door, stepped out and took a bow.  The applause was deafening.  "Thank you, one and all," Justin heard him say.  Brian stepped back in and closed the door.  He turned to Justin.



"That should do it.  They'll leave us alone now," he said.



Justin shook his head.  "They'll leave you alone, you mean.  I'll never hear the end of this, after you're gone."


Brian shrugged.  He wasn't sure if Justin was really mad or merely wondering how much ribbing he was going to have to take.  The next thing he knew Justin was in his arms, kissing him mercilessly.



Justin pulled back and said, "I love you, you big asshole!"



"How sweet of you to say!" Brian replied.



"Let's go to bed," Justin said.



"Do you think they'll be listening at the door?"


"No!  But I'm going to lock it right now."



"Good boy!  Need some help getting out of those clothes?"  Brian was already pulling Justin's sweater over his head.  He squeezed Justin's breasts and rubbed his palms over the hardening nipples.



Justin moaned and tugged Brian's sweater up and over his head.  "You're going to need some help getting out of those pants."  His hand grabbed Brian's crotch, liking the feel of his stiffening dick through the soft leather.  They peeled everything off and tumbled onto the bed.  A couple of blowjobs later and they both felt great.



Justin squeezed up against Brian, kissing his chest.  Brian's chin rested on the top of his head, as he snuggled in.  He loved being held like this.



"I love you so much," he whispered.



"Me too," Brian replied.



Justin smiled.  Brian still had trouble saying those words most of the time, but Justin knew he loved him.  He no longer had doubts about Brian's love.  It was when life got in their way that they had problems.



They spent the rest of the night holding on to each other, realizing that the next night they would be separated again.  They made love and kissed and dozed and caressed.  They wished the night would never end.



Around 10:30 a.m. Justin awoke with a start.  He looked up into hazel eyes staring down at him.  He stretched luxuriously and raised his head to kiss Brian's luscious mouth.



"Morning," he said.



"Morning, Sunshine," Brian replied running his fingers over Justin's face.  "That was some night!"



"Yeah.  I'm going to have trouble straightening up."



Brian chuckled.  "I did give you quite a workout."



"Do you think that will tide you over till we're together again?"



"I'm not gone yet.  We have many hours today," Brian stated, hugging Justin to his body.



"I don't want you to go.  Couldn't you stay with me?"



"Oh, sure!  I'll live here in the dorm and every night I'll put on a show for your friends."



"You could."



"I'd do it … for you," Brian said sadly, "but I have to go back."



"Yeah?"



"Yeah."



"We're supposed to have lunch with Joanne and Dale," Justin said, remembering their invitation.  "Want to cancel?"



"No.  I like them."



Justin's smile lit up the room.  He squeezed Brian in a hug that took his breath away.  "We should get ready then," Justin said.



Brian groaned.  "I hate those fucking showers!" he griped.



"You'll survive.  Come on."  Justin pulled Brian up.



They showered and dressed.  Justin jabbered away about some of the things he wanted to do with his art.  Brian smiled sadly to himself.  When he got back to the loft late tonight, it would be the silence, the lack of Justin's voice that would be so hard to bear.  He loved listening to Justin's plans and perspectives.



At noon they were ready.  The hall was empty as they left the room.



"Where's my fan club?" Brian joked.



"The public is so fickle," Justin said.



In the common room they found Dale and Joanne.  A couple of students greeted them with a 'Hi, Brian, Hi, Justin'.



"Hey, guys," Justin responded.



Brian looked around, smirking.



"Ready to go?" Justin asked the two.



They left quickly and went to a little restaurant that all the students recommended.  It had a very healthy menu, not exactly health food, but lots of salads and fresh sandwiches.  The food turned out to be delicious.  They talked about their projects and other plans for their months in New York.  This time Justin participated a lot more, feeling at ease with Brian and his friends.



Joanne and Dale asked more questions of Brian.  They wanted to know about Gus.  Brian had to show them the picture he had in his wallet.  They declared the baby to be adorable.



Near the end of lunch Justin excused himself to go the restroom.  Brian made a quick decision.  "I have a big favour to ask you two," he said.



"What?"  They both looked at him quizzically.



He pulled two business cards from his wallet and jotted a telephone number on the back.  "That's my work number and my cell on the front, and my home number on the back.  If anything ever comes up about Justin, please call me."  He handed one to each of them.



"Comes up?" Joanne asked.  "Like what?"



"I don't know.  Just something you think I should know about.  Sometimes Justin doesn't want to worry me, but there might be something I could help him with."



"Oh," Joanne said, getting the idea.



"He hasn't had an easy time, has he?"  Dale asked.



"No," Brian replied.  "How much has he told you?"



"Little bits here and there, but enough to get the picture," Dale said.



"I knew about the bashing before I met Justin," Joanne explained.  "I filled Dale in on that."



"I'm glad he has you guys," Brian said.  "Keep an eye on him for me, will you?"



"Sure, Brian," Dale said, just as Justin returned.



"Sure what?" Justin asked.



"Brian was telling us how glad he was that you had us for friends.  He wants us to spy for him," Dale joked.



"And you agreed?" Justin asked.  "Some friends!"



"We can't refuse Brian anything," Joanne said.  "We owe him for breakfast and lunch.  Besides he's quite delectable."  She blushed.



"Hey, I thought you were my friends."



"They've been sucked into the black hole that is Brian Kinney."  Brian smirked, sticking his tongue into his cheek.



"Just like Daphne," Justin said.



"What happened to Daphne?" Joanne asked.



"She's the president of his fan club," Justin admitted.



Brian snorted.  He appreciated how quick on the uptake Dale and Joanne were.  They had covered perfectly, using part of the truth to make it seem plausible.  He felt he could leave Justin in their hands and they would look out for him.  That made him feel better about leaving at the end of the day.



After lunch they said goodbye to Joanne and Dale.  As they walked away, Justin leaned against Brian.  "Want to go back to bed?" he asked.



"Sounds like a plan," Brian said, putting his arm around Justin's shoulder.



They walked slowly back to the dorm.  In bed they held each other, made long, slow love and felt the bittersweet emotions of being so close, but knowing they would soon be apart.



After one intense session, Brian pulled Justin over to lie on top of him.  He wrapped his arms around his boy and nuzzled his chin against the top of Justin's head.   "I wish we could just stay like this."



"Me too.  It'll be so lonely in this bed tonight," Justin whispered.



"Same thing at the loft."


"Mmm."



"I'm glad you're happy here."



"I am, even if it hurts to be alone."



"You have Dale and Joanne and the others."



"Yeah, but I miss you."



"I don't think I can come here next weekend.  We have a big presentation to get ready for the next Monday.  I'll be working on it all week."


"Do you want me to come there?"



"Of course I do, but I'm not sure how much time I'd have to spend with you.  I think we better play it by ear."


"Okay," Justin agreed.  "How will you be without me?"


"I'll have my memories to keep me warm," Brian joked.



"I'm serious," Justin said.



"I made it through the last two weeks."


"Barely."



"Yeah.  Barely," Brian sighed, knowing how close they had come to screwing everything up.



"Well, we can talk every night, and if you want, I'll come there next weekend."


"Sounds good."



Brian had a nine o'clock flight, the latest direct one that he could get.  It was time for him to use his favourite shower one more time and get ready to leave.  They had decided to forego dinner in favour of more time in bed.  When Brian was dressed and packed, they decided to say goodbye in Justin's room, but then walk together to the cab stand.  Brian would go to the airport alone.



As they stepped out of Justin's room, Brian saw several students in the hall.  They were holding a banner they had made.  It said, "Bye, Brian.  Come back soon."  He smiled, touched that they had gone to the trouble to make it.



"Thanks," he said, not knowing what else to say.



"We enjoyed the show.  Come visit anytime," one student said.



"I plan to be back before too long," Brian said.



Justin held onto his arm, not saying anything.  Brian looked at him and saw tears near the surface.  He thought he better get them out of there in a hurry,



"Bye, everybody," he said.  "We need to go."  He hurried down the hall, Justin in tow.  He heard several "Goodbyes" as they passed by.  In the stairwell he stopped.  "Are you okay?" he asked Justin.



"Thanks for getting us out of there," Justin said.  He took a deep breath, and Brian knew he had recovered his control.



"You have great friends," Brian said.



"They're a good bunch."



"Where are Dale and Joanne?"



"Probably in the common room," Justin said.



They found them there, waiting to say goodbye.  Brian shook their hands, saying he was glad to have met them.  He felt good about leaving Justin in their capable hands.



Brian and Justin walked together to the cab stand.  Brian put his bag in the taxi, then took Justin in his arms.  They kissed for a long moment, then Brian got in the cab and was gone.  No words were spoken.  They had said it all in the narrow bed in the dorm.

Chapter 21 - Conspiracy by Thyme

 

Conspiracy

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin missed Brian the minute the cab pulled away.  He stood on the sidewalk watching it grow smaller as it headed down the street away from the university, away from him.  When it disappeared around the corner, he sighed and turned to walk back to his dorm.



"Hey, Taylor!" a voice called.



He looked up to see Zach Sherwood who fell in step with him.



"Hi," Justin said.  Zach was one of the students on this special course.  He was on another floor and hadn't had much to say to Justin up to now.  Justin was surprised at this overture on his part.



"Was that your boyfriend leaving?" Zach asked.  "The one I saw you with at Whiplash last night?"



"Yeah.  Brian has to go back to Pittsburgh."


"He's hot!" Zach observed.



"A lot of people seem to think so," Justin replied.  He had thought Zach was gay and hadn't been surprised to see him at Whiplash.



"Have a hot weekend?" Zach asked suggestively.



Justin didn't like that question very much.  "We … um … had a nice time," he said cautiously.



"Just nice?"  Zach grinned at him.



"Great, actually," Justin admitted.  He wasn't sure he wanted to continue this conversation.



"He looks like a great fuck.  I would have liked to dance with him, but you guys took off too quick."



"We had other things to do," Justin said, beginning to walk faster.  He wanted to get away from Zach.



"I can only imagine," Zach stated, keeping up.



They had reached the entrance to the dorm.  Justin quickly went inside and ran up the stairs to his hall.  Zach didn't follow and Justin was relieved.  He couldn't figure out Zach's sudden interest.  They were hardly friends.  In fact Justin didn't like him very much.  He always had a smart remark or innuendo, even to the professors.  He often disrupted what the prof was saying, but he was very talented.  Justin had seen some of his work, dark and disturbing, but brilliant.



Justin went into his room and locked the door behind him.  He wondered if Zach was interested in Brian.  He didn't think Zach was interested in him.  He took off his coat.  It was only seven-thirty.  He should go get some dinner, but he didn't want to run into Zach again.  He also felt very little like eating, especially without Brian.



He kicked off his shoes and dropped down on the bed.  The room seemed so empty.  He leaned against the headboard, thinking about Brian and what a terrific time they had had.  When they spent time talking and eating together, as well as fucking, Justin always felt they had made progress.  He smiled, thinking about Brian's fan club and how great he had been with Dale and Joanne.  Abruptly a tear rolled down his cheek, as he envisioned the cab turning the corner.



"God, it's hard to let him go," he whispered aloud.



He reached for his sketchbook and flipped it open.  He grabbed a pencil and started drawing.  An hour later he had a wonderful sketch of Brian in his leather pants, sauntering down the hall.  He sighed as he put the finishing touches on the sketch.  He leaned back, looking critically at his work.  Brian was so beautiful it was hard to be objective, but he liked what he had done.  He hugged the sketchbook to his chest, Brian's likeness pressed against his heart.  He rested his chin on the top of the sketchbook and closed his eyes.



He could see Brian lying naked in this bed.  He could feel how Brian held him against his body after they had fucked.  He could smell Brian on the sheets.  He could hear Brian saying he loved him, and he could taste him as he ran his tongue over his lips.



He had been so happy to have Brian there, but now it was almost worse.  To have him go away again was harder than not having seen him for two weeks.  How were they ever going to do this for four and a half more months?  More tears slid down his cheeks.  He looked sown at his sketch once more, then closed the book and set it aside.  He curled up in a ball on the bed, feeling more miserable than he could bear.  



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian arrived at the loft a little after eleven.  He unpacked quickly.  As he pulled out his leather pants, he thought about the show he had put on for his fan club.



"I'm nuts," he said aloud.  He couldn't believe he had done that.  "Caught up in the moment," he thought.  He had really liked Justin's friends.  They had egged him on, but he had enjoyed the accolades of all those young men and women.



He was glad Justin had Dale and Joanne as his close friends.  They were good kids.  Brian could tell.  He fully intended to get Joanne an internship at Vangard, if she wanted one.  He hoped he could do something for Dale too.  He knew they would keep an eye on Justin for him, and let him know if anything happened.



He put his bag in the closet and went to take a shower.  "Those fucking communal showers," he mumbled, as he stepped into his own spacious one.  "I wish Justin was here though," he thought.  His mind called up images of times they had fucked in this shower.  Justin pressed against the glass, Justin on his knees sucking him off, Justin gasping and clinging to him under the warm spray, when they were done.



He groaned.  He missed that kid so much.  They had had such a fabulous time together.  Shitty showers, narrow beds and too many prying eyes were all bearable, as long as he could be with Justin.  He thought about the Indian dinner, Whiplash and their hours in bed.  His dick should be sore, but it merely wanted more.



He turned off the shower.  He would call Justin at midnight.  He needed to hear his voice.  They could relive the weekend over the phone.



He toweled off and wrapped the towel around his hips.  He went to the kitchen to get a shot of Beam.  He had drunk almost nothing all weekend and hadn't missed it a bit.  Justin quenched his thirst and filled his senses.  This was a poor substitute.



He went over to his desk to check his messages.  There was one from Michael saying to call him and tell him about his weekend.  He'd do that tomorrow.  The second message was from Lindsay, hoping he enjoyed his time with Justin.  Then he heard Gus' voice say, "Hi, Dada, I miss you."  He smiled.  His son was now using complete sentences.  He knew Gus was also missing Justin.  Next time he went to New York he should take his camera and bring back pictures of Justin so that Gus could see his favourite playmate.



It was almost midnight.  He grabbed another shot of Beam and got into bed with it.  He took a sip and hit Justin's number.  It rang and rang with no answer.  Brian was beginning to wonder where Justin could be, when a sleepy voice said, "Hello?"



"Hey, did I wake you?" Brian asked.



"Yeah, I just laid down for a minute or two and I guess I fell asleep," Justin said.  "I miss you."



"Me too.  What have you been doing since I left?"



"Nothing much.  You remember Zach Sherwood.  We met him at Whiplash.  He met me outside as your cab drove off.  He was very friendly, never done that before.  He thinks you're hot."



Brian snorted.  "Well, he's all right, but I have what I want."



"And what would that be?" Justin teased.



"I'm talking to him."



Justin smiled.  "I also drew a sketch of you in your leather pants."



"And how do I look?"



"Scorching!"



Brian laughed.  "I miss my fan club.  It's not every day I get such unbridled adoration."



"A little full of yourself?"



"Me?"



Justin chuckled.  "Are you all settled back in?"



"Yeah.  It's almost like it never happened."



"I know.  This bed seems so empty."



"It is, although now you'll be able to sleep without me on top of you."



"I like you on top of me."


"Mmm," Brian groaned.  "You do need some sleep though."



"You're right.  You gave me quite a workout."



"I had a great time with you and your friends," Brian said truthfully.



"You were great too."



"They're nice kids.  You're lucky, especially to have Dale and Joanne."



"I know.  I guess I better let you go.  I really should get some rest for tomorrow."



"Okay.  I miss you already."



"Me too."  Justin broke the connection.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian went to work on Monday in a new frame of mind.  Cynthia could hardly believe the difference in him.  He was civil, almost nice.



"You should spend more weekends with Justin," Cynthia told him.



"What do you mean?" he asked.



"He has a very calming effect on you."



"How so?"



"I've been talking about your private life and you haven't bitten my head off once.  That's a big improvement over a couple of weeks ago."



"I didn't know my behaviour was being critiqued," he said testily.



"It was just an observation," she said carefully.



"Well, nothing is going to ruin my good mood."



"That's great.  So how was your weekend?"



"Fabulous!"



She smiled.  "My point exactly."



"And that point would be?"



"That a weekend with Justin does wonders for your disposition."



"I won't argue with that," he admitted.  "It's his absence that gets to me."



"I know, and I'm sorry you have to be apart."



"Yeah.  Anyway, let's get to work."



"Okay," Cynthia agreed.  "We need to get some ideas for this new furniture account."



"What's it called again?"



"Bedford Manufactured Furniture," Cynthia replied.



"What kind of fucking forgettable and unpronounceable name is that?"  Brian wondered aloud.



"Bedford is the founder and president of the company and they manufacture furniture," Cynthia explained slowly, treating Brian like a rather slow seven year old who just couldn't remember his times tables.



"I get the fucking point!"



Cynthia gave him a look, wanting to give him the finger.  However, she restrained herself and said in her best professional voice, "We need to come up with a new, easily recognizable logo for the products, and then a marketing scheme to promote them."



"Can the name go?" Brian asked.



"I think so, but Mr. Bedford will be at the meeting this afternoon, and we can clarify all that."



"Will he have samples or pictures of his products?"



"I've been asked to set up a slide projector, so I imagine he will fill us in and show us his products in detail."



"Okay.  Get Kevin and Jack to sit in.  They'll be working on this.  Bedford wants to go national, so this could be a big account."



"I'll set it all up," Cynthia said.  "Glad to see the steel trap mind is back."



Brian smiled in spite of himself.  He did feel so much better, so in control, knowing he and Justin were fine.  Having fucked his brains out all weekend, his thought processes were now crystal clear and ready to tackle any challenge.  "Bring on this meeting!" he thought.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin walked slowly back toward the dorm.  He had had a great day, beginning with a lecture by the well-known artist Carlos Rivera.  He had followed this up with some studio work trying out the techniques Rivera had originated.  He had worked right through dinner and had completed a painting he was very pleased with.



As he walked, he was thinking of another piece he wanted to start tomorrow.  He had never felt so energized and creative, especially since the bashing.  He was still basking in the afterglow of Brian's visit, but he was also bursting with creative juices.  He looked up at the star-filled sky and smiled.  Sometimes life was so good, and tonight was one of those times, even without Brian.



The thought of Brian made him look at his watch.  It was ten to midnight and he wanted to be in his bed when Brian called.  He quickened his pace.  Someone had been walking behind him, and he heard their steps pick up speed in time with his.  A little ripple of fear made the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end.  He glanced over his shoulder to see who was behind him, but no one seemed to be there, just a few parked cars and some trees.  He was sure he had heard someone.  He walked even faster, bordering on a run, and once again he heard footsteps.  He really started to run.  As he rounded the end of a building, he ran smack into Zach Sherwood.



"Whoa, Taylor!  Who's after you?" Zach asked.



"Um … sorry.  I was in a hurry," Justin explained, looking nervously back over his shoulder.  No one was visible.



"Is something wrong?" Zach asked, noting Justin's worried face.



"It's probably nothing," Justin replied.  "I … I thought someone was following me."



"I don't see anyone," Zach said, looking around.



"I don't either.  Must be a case of bad nerves."



"Well, I'm going back to the dorm.  Want to walk together?"



"Sure," Justin said, relieved to have some company.



They began walking toward the dorm.  "What did you think of Rivera's lecture today?" Zach asked.



"I got some great ideas from him.  I just finished a piece using his palette knife techniques.  That's why I'm so late getting back to the dorm," Justin explained.



"How'd the piece turn out?"



"I'm really happy with it.  What did you think of Rivera?"



"I've already tried most of what he talked about, so it wasn't much use to me," Zach said with a rather superior tone.



"That's too bad.  I hope you can learn more from the next instructor."



"Me too.  Well, here we are," Zach said.  "Good night.  See ya tomorrow." He went into the common room.



"Thanks, Zach," Justin responded.  "I appreciated the company."  He ran up the stairs, feeling much better than he had a few minutes earlier.



Once in his room, he quickly got rid of his clothes and climbed into bed.  The phone rang almost immediately.  He grabbed it and said, "Hello."



"Hey," Brian's voice replied.  "You sound like you've been running."



"I just ran up the stairs.  I wanted to be in bed when you called," Justin explained.



"And are you?"



"Yes."



"Naked?"



"Yes."



"Good."



"How about you?"


"The same."



"How was your day?" Justin asked.



"I'm working on a campaign for a furniture company."



"What kind of furniture?"



"Modern."



"Was it interesting?"



"I met the president today and he showed us slides of his furniture.  Some of it is quite cool.  I'm playing around with a logo idea for 'Future Furniture'.  Future is included in Furniture, so I've got Kevin and Jack trying to figure out how to combine the two words into an attractive and catchy logo."



"Sounds like it could work."



"Yeah.  What did you do today?"



"I went to a lecture by Carlos Rivera."



"Should I know who that is?" Brian asked.



"He's a pretty well known artist.  He does kind of geometric stuff with thick paint applied with a palette knife.  I tried some of his techniques this afternoon and ended up working through dinner.  I just got back from the studio."



"I never thought I'd be saying this, but you need to make sure you eat regularly.  No skipping meals."



"Yes, daddy."



Brian bristled.  "Don't call me that!  I'm not your daddy."



"Sorry," Justin said, "but you sounded like a parent."



"I don't want you getting sick.  You need lots of stamina for the next time I see you."



"Oh?"



"Yes.  I have big plans."


"Like what?" Justin asked, knowing full well where this would lead.



"I'm going to throw you on the bed and ram my cock so far up your tight little ass that you'll be able to taste it in the back of your throat."



Justin felt his cock twitch and stiffen at Brian's words.  His hand immediately wrapped around it and he began stroking himself.  Brian heard the catch in his breath and a barely audible moan from somewhere deep in his chest.  He smiled to himself.



"Yummm," Justin grunted.  "You fill me up."



"You are so warm and tight around my cock," Brian sighed, working his own dick faster and faster.  "Squeeze me, baby!"



Justin pumped his fist more rapidly.  "Oh God, Brian!"



"I'm ready!" Brian gasped.



"Yes … yes.  Now!"  Justin shot his load and fell back against the pillows.  He heard Brian's guttural groan and knew he had come too.  "I wish you were here to hold me and kiss me," Justin whispered.



"I know."



"Can you come here this weekend?"



"I don't know yet.  There's a lot to do for this furniture account."



"I wish I knew we'd be together.  It would make it a lot easier to get through the rest of the week."



"In some ways it's harder when we're together.  I only miss you more when we're separated," Brian admitted.



"I feel the same."


"I better let you go.  You need your sleep.  Don't forget to eat," Brian cautioned.



"I'll take care of myself," Justin promised.



They hung up, hating to break the connection and feeling the distance between them.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin enjoyed his week.  He had another guest lecturer.  This one was a woman.  He tried most of the things she talked about, but none of them worked particularly well for him.  Still, he filed away the ideas she had presented.  He was sure somewhere along the line he would call on them.



Zach Sherwood, on the other hand, made it clear to everybody that he didn't think much of her lecture or her techniques.  He caught up with Justin the day after her lecture, as Justin was heading to the dorm.



"Hey, Taylor," he said, as he fell in step.  "How's it going?"



"Okay," Justin replied.  "How about you?"



"Same old, same old.  I wish they'd get some decent lecturers."



"Like who?" Justin asked.



"I don't know.  Somebody with original ideas."


"I've found them pretty interesting," Justin stated.



"Really?  Wish I could say the same.  Hey, I'm going to Whiplash tonight.  Want to come?"



"Uh…no thanks.  I have some things to do," Justin said.



"How about on Saturday night or is your boyfriend coming?" Zach asked, giving Justin a suggestive look.



"I wish he was, but probably not."



"Too bad.  Then come with me.  It's more fun if there's a group."



"I don't know.  I'll have to see," Justin countered.



"Okay.  See ya!" Zach said, as he headed off in a different direction.



Justin still didn't know what to make of Zach.  He didn't really like him very much, but he had walked with him when he thought he was being followed, and he was trying to be friendly.  Maybe he would go to Whiplash with Zach, if Brian couldn't come to New York.  It might be fun to dance, especially if there was a group going.



It was Thursday afternoon.  He'd know tonight if Brian would be able to come to New York.  They had talked every night and had phone sex.  Brian was very busy with the furniture account.  He had been working on it every night before he called Justin.



Justin's phone rang at midnight.  As soon as Justin heard Brian's voice, he knew he wasn't coming to New York.



"You're not coming," Justin said immediately.



"Can't.  We're working all day Saturday," Brian said with a tinge of sadness in his voice.



"Shit!  I want you here!"



"I want to be there, but it's not going to happen."



"Want me to come there?"



"Yes, but it doesn't make much sense.  If I have to work most of the weekend, I'll hardly be able to see you."


"Oh.  What about next weekend?"



"That looks better.  We have to do a preliminary presentation for Bedford next Friday.  Once that's done, I'll have more time."


I like the sound of that, but I need you so much right now."


"Me too," Brian said, starting to caress his dick.



A few minutes, a little hand action and some descriptive words, and they were both ready to sleep.  Rather sadly they said goodnight and hung up.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin saw Zach at lunch the next day.  Zach asked if Brian was coming to New York.  When Justin replied in the negative, Zach again asked him to come to Whiplash Saturday night.  Justin agreed.  He was kind of looking forward to it.  Without Brian the weekend had seemed long and empty.  Now he had something to look forward to.



He had agreed to meet Zach and the group in the common room at 10 p.m.  He had told Brian he was going to Whiplash.  Brian thought it was a good idea for him to get out with people his own age.  He was glad there was a group of them going, not just Zach.  He would call Justin at midnight, whether he was home or not.



When Justin walked into the common room, he saw Zach lying on a couch.  No one else was around.  "Hi," he said.



"Ready to go?" Zach asked, getting up.



"Where's the rest of the gang?"


"They pooped out.  Too tired or something.  Looks like it's you and me and a significant portion of the gay population of the Big Apple."



Justin didn't know what to say.  He thought they were going to be in a group.  Now it was just him and Zach.  "Are you sure you still want to go without everybody else?"


"Sure.  To Hell with them.  I want to dance.  Let's go!"  He grabbed Justin's elbow and propelled him out the door.



They grabbed a cab and were at Whiplash in a few minutes.  The place was packed.  Zach and Justin began dancing right away.  Zach was a good dancer and Justin began to enjoy himself.



"You've really got the moves," Zach told him.



"Thanks," Justin replied, remembering his success as King of Babylon.  That seemed like a long time ago.



"Want to get a drink?"


"Sure."



Justin followed Zach to the bar and they each got a beer.  They leaned on the bar surveying the crowd.



"I'm going to the john," Zach announced.  "Watch my drink."


Justin watched Zach move off towards the restrooms.  Immediately someone pressed against him and a voice asked, "Want to dance?"


"No thanks," Justin said.  He looked around at the same guy who tried to pick him up last weekend when Brian had rescued him.



"Why not?" the man asked.  "I don't see your boyfriend around."



"I'm waiting for someone."



"Yeah?  Who?"

"A friend.  He went to the john."


"So dance with me till he comes back."


"No, I don't think so."



"Well, I do," he said.  He grabbed Justin's wrist and pulled him out onto the dance floor.  The next thing he knew the guy was draped all over him, running his hands all over his body.  Justin tried to back away, but the guy pulled him closer, tightening his grip.



Justin struggled to free himself, but the man was bigger and heavier and seemed determined to keep Justin in his grasp.



"Hey!" Justin heard a voice say.



"What's your problem?" the unwanted suitor asked.



"He's with me," Zach stated emphatically.



"Not at the moment!"



"Back off, fella, or I’m getting security!" Zach threatened.  "You all right, Justin?"



The man released Justin and stepped back.  He seemed to be sizing up the two boys.  Suddenly, he said, "Oh, fuck it!" and headed away from them.



"Thanks, Zach," Justin said.  "He wouldn't take no for an answer."


"No problem.  There are assholes like that in every crowd.  Let's dance and forget about it."



Justin was a little shaken.  He never seemed to be able to take care of himself.  Last time Brian had rescued him and now Zach.  He didn't feel much like dancing anymore, but Zach wanted to and he owed him one.



They had several more dances and another beer.  Justin began to relax again.  He enjoyed dancing with Zach, more than talking to him.  Zach had a lot of stamina and Justin vowed to keep up with him.  Just before midnight Zach asked Justin if he'd like another drink.  They went over to the bar where Zach ordered two cosmopolitans.



"My treat," he said to Justin.



"Thanks," Justin replied.  "Drinks are expensive here."  He wondered how Zach could afford to do this more than once a week.  His family must have money.



They looked around the dance floor as they sipped their drinks.  Justin set his drink back on the bar and Zach said, "Isn't that the asshole who was all over you?"  Zach pointed to the centre of the dance floor.



Justin turned and peered into the mass of gyrating bodies.  He couldn't see anyone familiar.  "I don't see him and I don't want to."



"Maybe I was wrong.  Cheers!" he said raising his glass.



They polished off their drinks quickly.



"One more dance before midnight?" Zach asked.  Justin had told him that Brian would call at midnight, that he called at midnight every night.



"Sure," Justin said.



They went back into the crowd and started dancing.  All of a sudden Justin staggered a little and Zach grabbed him, holding him up.



"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked.



"I feel a little woozy.  Hot in here," Justin said groggily.



"Let's go outside and get some air."  He led Justin toward the entrance.  He retrieved their coats, propping Justin up against the wall.  Someone was just getting out of a cab, as they stepped outside.  He shoved Justin inside and told the cabbie to take them back to NYU.  Justin's head lolled against Zach's shoulder.  He was really out of it.



Just then Zach heard Justin's cell phone ring.  He fished it out of his friend's pocket.  He let it ring a couple of times, smiling as he looked at it.  Finally he pushed 'talk'.



"Hello?" he said.



"Who's this?" Brian's voice asked.



"Who's this?" Zach countered.



"Where's Justin?"



"In the john."



"What?"



"You heard me."


"Who the fuck are you?" Brian demanded.

"A friend."



"Put Justin on!"



"I told you he's in the john."



"Get him!"



"Are you Brian?"



"Yeah."



"He said if you called to tell you he'd call you tomorrow."



Justin moaned and leaned closer to Zach.



"What was that?" Brian asked, hearing the noise.



"Uh … just playing with myself," Zach grinned.



"What?"



"Justin and I have been having quite a time.  I'm getting ready for a little more action when he comes back from the john."



"Get Justin, now!" Brian yelled, seething.



"I told you he'll call you tomorrow."  Zach hung up and immediately shut the phone off.  He slipped it into his pocket as they pulled up in front of the dorm.  He shook Justin and slapped him a couple of times.  Justin's eyes tried to focus on Zach.



"Come on, sleepyhead!  Stay with me long enough to get you inside," Zach said, dragging Justin out of the cab.



Justin stumbled along, leaning heavily on Zach.  Zach managed to get him up the stairs and found the key to Justin's room in his jacket.  He opened the door and sat Justin down on the bed.  He took off Justin's jacket and pushed him back onto the bed.



"Sweet dreams," Zach said sarcastically.



He tossed Justin's keys and cell phone on the nightstand, and closed the door behind him.



Justin was already asleep, oblivious to what had just happened.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian was beside himself.  He dialed Justin's number only to hear it ring until a message said it was currently unavailable.  He hung up.  He paced naked around the loft.  He needed to talk to Justin.  What the fuck was going on?  Who was that guy?  Arrogant fucker!



Was Justin fucking him right now?  What had happened?  They had agreed to talk at midnight.



Brian wanted to kill someone, himself, Justin, that shithead on the phone.  What could he do?  There was no way to get in touch with Justin if his cell phone was off.  He should have gotten Dale and Joanne's numbers, not just given them his.



"Fuck!" he yelled at the top of his lungs.



He headed to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Beam.  When in doubt, drink!  That had long been his motto, and he couldn't think of anything better to do at the moment.  He downed a good slug of the bourbon and felt the heat spread through his system.  He carried the bottle over to the couch and flopped down.  He put his arm across his eyes, hoping to block out the image of Justin sucking someone else's cock or moaning in ecstasy with someone else's dick up his ass.  He took another long drink and pictured Justin naked, looking up at someone who was about to kiss him.



"No!" he said aloud.  "No, no, no, no, no!"  He felt the tears sting his eyes and start their course down his cheeks.



How could Justin do this?  They had been so happy the last week, even though they were separated.  Everything had been fine.  He was sure of that. They talked every day.



Was Justin paying him back for his tricking?  Was he paying him back for not going to New York this weekend?  That wasn't like Justin to take revenge, an eye for an eye.  If that was what he was doing, he would have to forgive him.  He had forgiven Brian, but Brian couldn't believe he would do this.



He closed his eyes again and took a deep breath.  He felt there was a heavy weight sitting on his chest.  He took another drink.  There had to be some other explanation, but what could it be?  He needed to talk to Justin and find out what was going on.



It was 1:30 in the morning.  He grabbed his cell and tried Justin's number one more time.  He got the same message.  "Fuck!" he yelled to the empty loft.  He looked at his cell phone like it was some poisonous, loathsome thing.  With all his might he hurled it at the brick wall of the loft.  It hit with a shattering sound that made him start.  He saw little pieces of it glitter and cascade to the hardwood below.  So much for that phone, he thought.  He chuckled crazily.



What was he going to do?  Why was Justin's phone still shut off?  He took another drink.  It was going to be a long night.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin awoke at 10:24 a.m. according to the clock on the bureau.  His head throbbed and he felt like shit.  He realized he was in his room, but his head swam when he tried to focus.  What had happened last night?  He remembered dancing with Zach at Whiplash, but how did he get home?  He couldn't remember leaving the club.



He tried to sit up, but his stomach rolled and he thought he was going to throw up.  He collapsed back against the pillows and closed his eyes till the wave of nausea subsided.  When his stomach seemed to have settled a little, he dropped his legs over the side of the bed, and tried to sit up.  Nausea washed over him again, but he stayed sitting up till it passed.  He needed to get to the bathroom, but he wasn't sure he would be able to make it.



He remained seated for another minute or two, then made the supreme effort of standing up.  The room swam before his eyes.  He staggered against the door to this room.  He pressed his cheek to the cool wood, closing his eyes and fighting back the urge to vomit.  Slowly he reached for the doorknob.  He opened the door and looked out.  No one was in the hallway, so he gradually eased his way forward down the hall, leaning on the wall for support.  Thank goodness the washroom wasn't far.



He pushed the door open and edged into the washroom.  Another wave of nausea hit him, and he dove for a toilet.  He thought his intestines were coming up, as he heaved his guts out.  When he finally stopped puking, he flushed the toilet and leaned his face against the back of the toilet.  He was too weak to get up.  The cool porcelain felt good against his cheek.  He waited.  When no more nausea took him, he gripped the sides of the toilet and hauled himself up.  He actually felt a little better.  He walked carefully out of the stall and over to a sink.  He ran the cold water, splashed it over his face and sucked some up from the palm of his hand.  The water cooled his feverish face and washed away the awful taste in his mouth.  He leaned on the sink, sighing and feeling miserable.



After a few minutes, or he thought it was a few minutes, he stood up and looked at himself in the mirror.  He looked pale, but not as bad as he felt.  He thought he should go back to his dorm room and lie down.  Everything seemed to take so much effort.  He willed himself to move.  Slowly he made his way back to his bed.  He realized he was still wearing all of his clothes from last night.  He took his pants and shirt off and crawled under the covers.  He pulled the duvet up around his head and immediately fell asleep.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian slammed the phone down.  He had tried Justin's cell for the millionth time.  It still said that it was not in service.  Where the Hell was that kid?  What was he doing?  Why was his phone turned off?



Brian paced around the loft.  It was just after eleven a.m. and still he couldn't reach Justin.  He had been very drunk last night.  That was the only way he had gotten through those long, lonely hours.  He hadn't really slept, just dozed fitfully.  He had tried again and again to figure out what could have happened with Justin.  It just didn't make any sense.



He was beginning to get even more worried.  Maybe something was really wrong with Justin.  Who was that asshole he had talked to last night?  Why hadn't Justin called him?

Why was his phone shut off?  He needed answers.



He wanted to call Jennifer and see if she knew anything, but he knew his phone call would upset her, probably for nothing.  He had to do something or he was going to go out of his fucking mind.



As he paced past the dining room table, something glistened on the floor and caught his attention.  It was the remnants of his cell phone that he had flung against the wall in his frustration at being unable to contact Justin.  He made an instant decision.  He grabbed his jacket and slammed the loft door behind him.  He was going shopping for a new cell phone.  That would distract him for a little while.  He had to get out of the loft and away from his thoughts.



A couple of hours later Brian returned with a new phone, the latest and best and most expensive.  He had also gotten a new shirt.  Shopping had kept his mind off his worries for the time he was out.  He had enjoyed having all of the features of the phone explained and demonstrated for him.  The shirt was an afterthought.



Brian checked his messages, holding his breath and hoping for a call from Justin.  Nothing.  He hadn't called.  "Shit!" Brian said shaking his head.



He picked up the phone and hit Michael's number.  "Want to go to the gym?" Brian asked when Michael answered.



"Sure," Michael replied.  "Ben's working on his lecture this afternoon."



"Meet you there in twenty minutes?"



"Right."



Brian hung up.  He gathered up his gym bag and headed out.  Michael was already at the gym, when Brian arrived.  So were Ted and Emmett.



"Howdy boys," Brian said, picking the step machine.



"Lookie, lookie, who's here," Emmett gushed.  "Must be a weekend without Justin."



Brian grimaced at the reference, but said nothing.



"Is Justin having a good time in New York?" Ted asked.



"Apparently so," Brian said sardonically.



"What has he been doing?" Ted continued.



"Screwing some asshole," Brian wanted to say, but instead he said, "A lot of museums and lectures."



"Has he done any sightseeing?" Ted asked.



"Another guy's cock," Brian thought.  "Statue of Liberty and a Broadway play," he said aloud.



"What play did he see?" Ted pursued.



"How the fuck should I know!" Brian retorted.  Why couldn't Ted just shut up?



"I was just asking," Ted said.  "What's the matter with him?" Ted whispered to Emmett.  Emmett shook his head.



"Why didn't you go to New York this weekend?" Emmett asked, thinking this would send the conversation in a different direction.



"Trying to get rid of me?" Brian snapped sarcastically.



"No.  I just wondered, when you had time to come to the gym …?"


"I had to work all day yesterday," Brian stated matter-of-factly.



"Oh," Emmett said, "too bad."


"Yeah." Brian admitted.  Too bad Justin was with someone else last night.  Too bad that Justin wouldn't talk to him.  Too bad that everything was a fucking mess.



Brian moved over to the weight machine.  He set it at a heavy weight and began lifting.  Maybe this would tire him out.  He hadn't slept last night, and he didn't think tonight would be any better, if he didn't get to talk to Justin.



He saw the others looking at him.  "What?" he said.



"Is something wrong?" Michael asked.



"What could possibly be wrong?"


"You seem a little off," Michael said.



Brian snorted and switched to the leg machine.  He began opening and closing his legs in a steady rhythm.  He stared off into space, not paying any attention to his friends or his surroundings.



"Brian, Brian!" he heard someone saying.



"What?"



"You've been doing that machine for ten minutes.  What's going on?  What are you doing?" Michael asked.



"Contemplating the fucking meaning of life!"  Brian stood up and walked away, heading for the steam room.  His legs burned from the repetitions on the machine.



Michael followed him into the steam room.



"Brian," he began, "what's going on?"



"Nothing."



"You can't fool me.  I know something is wrong."



"Let it be."



"Brian, come on.  Talk to me.  Is it Justin?"



Brian considered telling him to fuck off, but instead he said, "When I called Justin last night, some guy answered his phone and implied that he and Justin had just had sex."



"What?"



"You heard me."



"Justin wouldn't do that, would he?"



Brian shrugged.  "I haven't talked to him since.  His phone is shut off.  I don't know if there's something wrong with him or if he feels guilty and won't talk to me.  I need to know what's going on." Brian sighed and squeezed the bridge of his nose.



"Is there someone there you could call?" Michael asked.



"Nobody that I can think of."



Michael rubbed Brian's shoulder.  "I'm sorry." he said.



"I don't know what to do."  Brian's voice cracked slightly.



Michael leaned into Brian and kissed him.  "It'll be all right."



Brian shook his head.  "I don't know," he said.  His arms wrapped around Michael's slender frame and he held on like his life depended on it.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin woke at 3:35.  He had slept most of the day away.  He felt groggy, but no longer like he was going to throw up his toenails.  He sat up carefully, blinking at the sunlight coming through his window.  His head throbbed dully.



He stayed that way for a few minutes, then stood up.  He felt a little woozy, but not enough to make him sit back down.  He needed to go to the washroom.  That was accomplished without too much trouble.  He was very thirsty and took a long drink from the tap in the washroom.  He vaguely remembered throwing up on his last trip in there.



What had happened last night?  It was all a blur after he had danced at Whiplash.  He needed to find Zach and get him to tell him what had gone on.



"Brian!  Shit!" he said aloud.  He hadn't talked to him last night.  At least he didn't think he had.  He went quickly back to his room.



He fished for his phone in his jacket.  It wasn't there.  He looked around the room and saw it laying on his nightstand.  He wondered why it was there.  Had he talked to Brian?  He picked it up and saw that it was turned off.  He checked for messages.  There were none.  Hadn't Brian called him last night or had he talked to him and couldn't remember?  Why was his phone shut off?



Justin hit Brian's number at the loft.  He got the answering machine.  He left a short message asking Brian to call him.  He tried Brian's cell, but the message said it was out of service.  He wondered about that.



He propped up some pillows on the bed and leaned back against them.  He would wait until Brian called before he did anything else.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian came back to the loft after he finished at the gym.  Michael had offered to come with him, but he didn't want company.  It was almost quarter after four when he got home.  He checked his messages and found the one from Justin.



"Thank God," he muttered.  He had begun to worry that Justin was hurt or dead.



He hit Justin's number and a voice said, "Hello?'



"Justin?" Brian almost yelled.



"Yeah.  Who else would it be?"



"Your lover."



"What?  That's you."



"Is it?"



"Brian, what are you talking about?"



"You know."



"I don't.  What do you mean?"



"Cut the innocent act!  I talked to him last night."



"You called last night?"



"Didn’t he tell you?  I called at midnight, like always."



Justin groaned.  "And you talked to someone?"



"Didn't I just say that?  He said you were in the john."



"Brian, I don't remember much about last night.  I don't know how I got home.  I have no idea who you talked to."



"What do you mean?  Were you drunk?"



"I don't think I drank that much.  I don't know."



"Justin, what the fuck went on last night?"



"I don't know."



Brian could hear the quiver in Justin's voice.  He was on the verge of tears.



"Calm down," Brian said gently.  "Let's figure this out."  He heard Justin choke back a sob and take a deep breath.



"Better?" Brian asked.



"Um hmm."



"Good.  What do you remember?"



"I danced with Zach all night.  There were only the two of us who ended up going.  Everybody else backed out."



"Could it have been Zach I talked to?"



"I don't know.  I don't remember anything after Whiplash."



"Have you talked to Zach?"



"No, I slept late and then threw up."



"You were sick?" Brian asked, alarm bells going off.



"Yeah.  Really sick.



"Do you think somebody slipped you something?"



"Oh, no.  I don't see how."



Brian let that pass.  He knew how easy it was to slip something into a drink at a club.



"What were you drinking?" he asked.



"Beer mostly."



"Did you have any mixed drinks?"



"Umm … I think Zach bought me a cosmopolitan before things went hazy on me," Justin said, trying to remember.



"After that you have no idea what happened to you?"



"No, not really."



"Justin, I don't like the sound of this.  You need to talk to Zach and find out what went on at Whiplash.  See if it was him on the phone last night."


"I was too sick to go find him today, but I will tomorrow."



"Good, but be careful."



"Why?"



"It could have been him I talked to."



"What did this guy say to you?" Justin asked, not sure he wanted to hear the answer.



Brian wasn't sure how much he should tell Justin, but he decided the boy needed the full story, if he was going to get anything out of Zach.  "He implied you two were fucking," Brian said much more calmly than he actually felt.



"What?  Oh, Brian! I didn't.  I wouldn't."



"But you were out of it," Brian reminded him.



"But…but…I couldn't have, without knowing …"



"I hope not, Justin, but you don't know what happened."



"This is a nightmare!" Justin moaned.  "I just wanted to dance and have some fun."



"It's not your fault."  Brian tried to console him.



"What have you been thinking ever since that call?"  Justin asked in a small voice.



"Everything," Brian replied sadly.  "I thought you had cheated on me … again.  I thought you didn't want me anymore.  I thought something terrible had happened to you, when I couldn't reach you.  I thought I'd lost you.  I thought you must be dead.  I thought I was going to go out of my fucking mind."



"I'm sorry," Justin whispered.



"So am I."



"Why are you sorry?"



"That I didn't come there, even if it was only for a few hours."



"Oh, Brian …"



"But sorry doesn't change anything," Brian admonished.  "You need to be careful.  Call me after you talk to Zach."



"Okay," Justin promised.



"Are you all right now?  You're not sick anymore?'



"I'll be all right," Justin said and hung up.  He would talk to Zach tomorrow.  He still felt very tired. So he snuggled down in his bed and was soon fast asleep.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Monday morning Justin awoke ravenous.  He realized he hadn't eaten at all on Sunday, on top of which he had thrown up whatever was in his system from Saturday.  He felt like his old self.  He went to breakfast and ate everything he laid eyes on.  He looked around for Zach as he finished up his toast, but there was no sign of him.



He headed over to his first class.  He saw Zach talking to some man near the door to the lecture hall.  The man had his back to Justin, and he left before Justin approached.  Justin had a fleeting sense that the man looked familiar, but he hadn't seen his face and couldn't imagine who it might be.



"Hi, Zach," he said.  "Who was that guy you were talking to?"


"My cousin," Zach replied.



"I didn't know you had family here."


"He works in New York.  We go to Whiplash together sometimes."



"Oh.  I thought he looked familiar, but I didn't really get a good look at him."


"Um … I doubt you'd know him," Zach said.



"Probably not," Justin agreed.  "Listen.  I need to talk to you about Saturday night.  I don't remember much about it."


"You were kind of out of it when I brought you home."


"What time was that?"

"Some time after midnight."


"Did my phone ring?"


"No.  Why?"


"Somebody answered it and talked to Brian."


"Really?  I wonder who?"



"I don't know.  I thought it might have been you," Justin said, watching Zach's reaction.



"No.  Although, you remember it was missing for awhile?"



"Missing?"



"Yeah.  Just before midnight you wanted to check that it was turned on and it wasn't in your pocket."



"I don't remember that."


"You'd had several drinks by then, and you weren't making a lot of sense."


"Really?  How many drinks did I have?"



"You liked the cosmopolitan I bought you.  I think you had three or four more."



"I don't usually drink like that."


"Well. You did on Saturday.  I was kinda surprised."


"And I guess I was kinda drunk," Justin joked.



"Very drunk."


"So what happened with my phone?" Justin asked.



"You couldn't find it, and you got sort of frantic.  Next thing I knew you nearly passed out.  I had to hold you up."



"Sorry about that."



"It's okay.  I probably shouldn't have let you drink so much."


"That wasn't your fault," Justin admitted.



Zach gave him a strange smile.  Justin couldn't quite imagine what it meant.



He continued, "I decided I better get you home before you passed out altogether.  I sat you down on a step and went to get our coats.  There was a cell phone sitting on the counter at the coat check, so I brought it back to you.  You kind of mumbled that it was yours, so I brought it back to your room.  I think I left it on your nightstand.  I had a job getting your coat on and bringing you back here."  Zach finished his story with a smug look on his face.



"Thanks for bringing me back home, and for retrieving my phone.  I found it on the nightstand."



"So I guess whoever found it at the club could have talked to Brian." Zach suggested.



"Maybe, but I don't know."



"Why?"



"Something they said to Brian."


"What's that?"



"They implied we were fucking."



"What?  Are you kidding?"  Zach looked shocked.  "That must have pissed Brian off!"



"He wasn't happy," Justin admitted.



"I bet!"



Justin looked at Zach.  Everything he said was plausible, but he didn't seem in the least upset about what had happened.  In fact he almost seemed to be enjoying it.



"I guess we better get to class," Justin said, turning to enter the lecture hall.



Zach watched him go, a little smirk on his face.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin called Brian after his class.  He explained what Zach had told him about the events of Saturday night.  Brian listened to it all, but he didn't believe that a stranger had made that call.



"Why not?" Justin asked.



"I think he called me Brian."



"Are you sure?"



"Not a hundred percent.  I wanted to kill the guy, so I wasn't paying close attention to every word, but I think so."



"So that leaves Zach."



"He's got my vote," Brian stated.



"I don't know, Brian.  He hasn't done anything suspicious.  In fact he's helped me a couple of times."



"It may be a front he's putting on."



"But why would he do that?  I never met him till I came here.  He doesn't know either of us.  Why would he do something like that and lie about it?"



"That's the $64,000 question."



"This is too weird!" Justin observed.



"Beyond weird."



"What should I do?" Justin asked, looking for advice.



"Be careful, especially around Zach."


"You really think it could be him?"



"Whether it is or not, watch him!" Brian ordered.



"I will."



"And stick with Dale and Joanne.  I trust them."


"Okay."


"Do they have cell phones?"



"I don't know," Justin admitted.



"Well, find out, and get me their numbers if they do."


"Why?"



"I was frantic when I couldn't contact you on Sunday.  If I had their numbers, they could have checked on you."



"Okay.  I'll ask them."



"Good.  I love you," Brian said softly.



Justin was surprised.  It wasn't often that Brian said those words.  He must be really worried about me, Justin thought.  "I love you too.  Later." He promised.



"Later," and they hung up.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian promised Justin he would come to New York next weekend no matter what.  They talked each night.  Nothing else strange had happened, at least nothing Justin shared with Brian.  He had had the unnerving feeling that he was being followed again.  It had happened a couple of times when he had returned from his studio area at night. He never saw anybody, but there were footsteps like the first time.  He didn't think this could be connected to the cell phone incident, so he didn't tell Brian about them.



He did, however, tell Dale and Joanne.  He wanted to know if they had ever had anything like that happen to them.  They hadn't.  They were concerned about this new problem and told him so.  When he said he hadn't told Brian, they tried to convince him that he should.  He said he'd think about it.  They both resolved to stick close to him and make sure he wasn't walking home alone late at night.



Justin felt like his freedom was being eroded.  He wanted to look after himself and not have to rely on Brian or his friends.  He always seemed to be in need of help or rescue.  He hated that feeling.  He was an adult and shouldn't need others to take care of him.



He went to lunch with Dale and Joanne.  As they ate, Justin relaxed and had a good time with them.  He always enjoyed their company.  As they dumped their trays, Justin's cell phone rang.  He answered it, saying, "Hello? … Hello?"  Then he switched it off.



"Who was that?" Joanne asked.



"Nobody.  That's twice today my phone has rung and no one's there."



"Strange," said Joanne.



"It sure is."



Justin headed for his studio area.  Joanne went with him to work on her own project.  Dale took off for the library.  Justin had been working on his latest painting for about a half hour, when his phone rang again.



"Hello?" he said.



There was no answer.



"Hello?" he repeated.  "What is this?" he said into the phone.



Someone laughed.



"Who is this?  Who's there?"


The line went dead.



Justin looked at his phone.  This was getting weirder and weirder.  How many of these calls was he going to get?  What was going on?



He decided he wouldn't let these calls distract him, and got back to work.  About an hour later his phone rang again.



"Shit!" he said.  "Hello?" he said into the phone.



There was no answer.



"I don't know who you are, but stop calling me!" Justin shouted into the phone.



He heard the same laugh he had heard before.



"Who are you?" Justin demanded.



"Your worst nightmare," a muffled voice whispered.



The coldness of the voice sent a chill up Justin's spine.  "Who are you?  Why are you doing this?"



The line went dead.  Justin's fingers shook as he pressed 'end'.  He was frightened.  That voice had really unnerved him.  He wondered what he should do.  Should he tell Brian, or Joanne and Dale?  He wasn't sure who he could talk to about this.  How could he make it stop?



A few minutes later Joanne stopped by his space.  She asked him if he wanted to go to dinner in an hour or so.  He said he'd like that.  He considered telling her about the phone calls, but decided not to.  He got back to work, trying to push the memory of the last call out of his mind.



He was cleaning up to get ready to go to dinner, when his phone rang again.  He groaned aloud, and debating just turning it off.  He stared at it, and finally pushed the 'talk' button.



"Hello?" he said.



Silence.



"Stop calling me!" he yelled into the phone.



He heard the same laugh as before.  He wanted to cry, but he took a deep breath, and said, "I don't know what you think you're doing, but it's not going to work.  Leave me alone!"



He immediately hung up.  He felt better as soon as he did that.  He was taking control.  He wouldn't let this continue.



He jumped when his phone rang again.  "No," he said aloud.  He pushed the 'talk' button, and was about to scream at the unknown caller, when a voice said, "You can't get rid of me that easily."



"What … what do you mean?" Justin asked.



"You'll find out," and the line went dead.



Justin was shaking.  He shut the phone off completely just as Joanne walked in.  She took one look at him and asked what was wrong.



"I … I've been getting more of these weird phone calls," Justin said.



"Like the one at lunch?"



"Kind of, mostly hang-ups, but a few that were sort of threatening."



"Threatening?  I don't like the sound of that."


"I'm probably overreacting," Justin said, not wanting to scare her, or himself, any more than he already was.  "Let's go to dinner."



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin turned his phone on just before midnight.  He knew Brian would call and he was in bed waiting.  The phone rang almost immediately.



"Hi," Justin said, expecting to hear Brian's voice.



"That's a much nicer greeting than you gave me earlier today," a muffled voice said.



"What?"



"You've been hanging up on me."


"Who are you?"



"A secret admirer."



"How did you get this number?"



"I have my methods," the voice said.



"Why are you doing this?"


"Don't you like the attention?"



"Not particularly."


"That's too bad."


"I really don't want you to call me."



"And what makes you think I give a fuck about what you want!"  The voice was cold and threatening and sent shivers up and down Justin's spine.



"Please leave me alone," Justin begged.



"I don't think so," the cold voice replied.



Justin wanted to cry.  He clicked off the phone.  It rang again almost immediately.  It could be Brian, but it could be that guy.  Justin didn't know whether to answer or not.  The phone continued to ring.



Finally Justin picked up and said tentatively, "Hello?"



"I told you you couldn't get rid of me that easily," the cold voice said.



"Please …" Justin begged.



"Please what?  Please fuck you?  I know how much you like that."



Justin shuddered.  He immediately turned off his phone.  He hugged his knees to his chest, feeling cold and alone.  What was he going to do?  He sat that way for several minutes, then he remembered that Brian would be trying to reach him.  It was 12:10.



He quickly turned on his phone and hit Brian's number, before the phone could ring again.  It rang a couple of times.  To Justin it seemed like forever.  He was holding his breath.



Finally the familiar voice said, "Hey."



"Thank goodness," Justin breathed.



"What's the matter?" Brian asked.  He already knew about the phone calls.  Joanne had called him earlier in the evening.  "I tried you at midnight, but your phone was busy and then it was turned off."



"I'm sorry," Justin said.  "I've been having a problem."



"What's wrong?"



Justin decided to tell Brian.  He didn't like suffering alone.  "I'm scared," he began.



"Scared?  Of what?"  He didn't like the sound of that.  Maybe it was worse than Joanne had indicated.



"I've been getting strange phone calls.  It started with hang-ups, but now there's a muffled voice."  Justin shuddered at the memory of that cold, sarcastic voice.



"What does he say?" Brian asked calmly.  He could hear the fear in Justin's voice, and he didn't want him to freak out.



"It's hard to explain," Justin said, tears welling up.



"Take your time.  Tell me step by step.  Okay?"



"Okay.  I'll try," Justin promised.  He took a deep breath.  "There were several hang-ups.  The first thing I heard was this weird laugh."



"He laughed at you?" Brian asked.



"Not exactly.  I kept asking who was there, and then there was this laugh."


"Go on."


"Then when I told him to stop calling, he told me he didn't care what I wanted.  He said I couldn't stop him.  I hung up on him, but he called back immediately."



"Anything else?" Brian asked, sifting through all this information as he listened to Justin's explanation.



"He called at midnight tonight.  I thought it was you.  When I answered like I do with you, he told me he liked the way I was speaking to him, better than when I yelled at him."



"What did you say?"



"I told him to leave me alone, and he said he wouldn't.  He thought I'd like the attention.  He told me he wouldn't stop calling and I couldn't make him.  Then … then …"



"What, Justin?  Tell me."



"I said 'please', and he asked me 'please what?'  He … he said did I mean 'please fuck me'?  He said he knew how much I liked that."


Brian's anger rose with each word.  "Fuck!" he yelled.  "This is bloody ridiculous!  Who does this guy think he is?  Do you recognize the voice?"



"It's muffled like he's covering the phone with something."



"Do you think it could be the guy I talked to?"



"I didn't hear him.  I don't know."  Brian heard the catch in Justin's voice and knew he was fighting back tears.



"Look, first thing, change your cell phone number," Brian advised.  "Call them now, and then call me back with your new number."



"Okay," Justin said forlornly.



"It'll be all right," Brian said, trying to encourage him.



"Sure."  Justin hung up.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



It took about half an hour.  When Justin called back, he sounded more like himself.  Brian had hoped that having something positive to do would make him feel better.



"You shouldn't have any calls now," Brian said.



"That makes me feel better," Justin admitted.



"Good.  Do you think you'll be all right till the weekend, or do you want me to come tomorrow?"



"Tomorrow," Justin replied.  "But don't.  I think I'll be okay."



"Have you told Joanne and Dale about this?"



"Some.  I haven't told them everything, but they both want to walk with me if I go out."


"Walk with you?" Brian asked.  "What does that have to do with the phone calls?"



Justin groaned.



"Spill.  I want the whole story," Brian demanded.



"Um … I've had the feeling I'm being followed," Justin whispered.



"What the fuck!  Why didn't you tell me?"



"I … I've never actually seen anybody.  It's more a feeling, and I've heard footsteps. It could just be my imagination."



"This is too much of a coincidence," Brian stated.  He was beginning to get very worried.  "Does this happen all the time?"



"No, only late at night.  Usually when I'm coming from the studio."



"Could it be Zach?" Brian asked.



"No.  That I'm sure of.  The first time it happened, I was running, and literally ran into Zach.  He was in front of me, not behind.  He was concerned and walked me back to the dorm."


"Oh," Brian said, processing this piece of information.



Justin waited.



"Is there anything else you haven't told me?" Brian asked.



"No. That's everything."


"Why didn't you tell me all this sooner?"



"I thought it might be my imagination.  I wanted to handle it myself.  I hate needing to be rescued."



"Sometimes we all need help, Justin."



"But not all the time."


"I'm coming there this weekend, but don't tell anyone.  I want to think about this and do a little investigating, "Brian said.



"What can you investigate from Pittsburgh?"


"I have the internet and some contacts."


"Okay, Sherlock," Justin teased.

Brian snorted.  "I'm glad you're feeling better."


"I am. I'm relieved I won't have to deal with any more of those calls."



"Don't give anybody your new number, except Dale and Joanne."


"Okay."



"I miss you.  I'll be there soon."


"Good," Justin replied.  "The sooner the better."


They hung up.



Brian immediately went on the internet.  He had an idea about what might be going on and he would check what he could.  Tomorrow morning he had some calls to make.  One way or another he was going to get to the bottom of this.  After a while he had found some of the information he wanted.  He finally went to bed, still mulling over the possibilities of what could be going on with Justin.

 

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Justin had no more phone calls for the next few days.  Either Dale or Joanne stuck with him at the studio, and walked with him back to his dorm.  He ate most meals with them.



Thursday morning he went to breakfast by himself.  He saw Zach sitting in the cafeteria.  After he sat down, Zach moved over to sit with him.



"Hey," he said, "haven't seen much of you lately."



"I've been busy," Justin countered.



"Is Brian coming this weekend?"



"Probably not.  He's working on some big presentation."


"Too bad.  If you want to hit Whiplash or hang out, let me know."



"Thanks," Justin replied.



Zach gathered up his tray and left.  Justin had a funny feeling that Zach was fishing for information.  Maybe Brian was right to be suspicious of him.  He wished he had some concrete proof about Zach one way or the other.



Brian had told Justin his meeting with the furniture company would be over by noon Friday.  He would be on a plane right after.  Justin met him at his hotel room near NYU at three p.m.  He was so relieved to see Brian, and feel his arms around him.  They made good use of Brian's room for an hour or so, then it was time for Justin to go back to NYU and set their plan in motion.



Justin went to the cafeteria for dinner.  He had told Dale and Joanne to go to dinner on Brian.  He didn't see Zach in the cafeteria and that was worrisome.  He wondered if he would show up.



He had just about finished his lasagna, when he saw Zach stick his head in the door and look around.  When he saw Justin, he came over to him.



"You're alone," he said.



"Yep.  Brian couldn't come, and Dale and Joanne were going out to dinner with a visiting friend."



"How come you didn't go with them?"



"They asked me, but I've got a piece I'm working on, and I really want to finish it tonight," Justin explained.



"I see.  Want to go to Whiplash tomorrow night?"



"I didn't actually enjoy it a bunch last time," Justin said ruefully.



"I'll keep a closer eye on you, not let you drink so much," Zach promised.



"Yeah, right!" Justin retorted.  "Check with me tomorrow, if you still want to go.  It'll depend on what I get done tonight."



"Sure.  See you later."  Zach took off.



Justin smiled.  The seed had been planted, if they were right.  He went over to his studio area and worked for a few hours.  Around 10:30 he packed up and got ready to leave.



As he exited the building, he felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise in anticipation.  He was a little afraid, but he wanted this mess to be over.  He walked at a steady pace for a ways.  Suddenly he heard footsteps behind him.  He walked faster and the footsteps matched his pace.  He turned and looked, but once again saw no one.  He continued to walk quickly and heard the footsteps again.  He began to run and someone ran behind him.



All of a sudden his foot caught something and he plunged to the ground.  He hadn't hurt himself, but as he turned over to get up, a shadow fell across his body.  He looked up at a man framed in the light of the streetlamp.  The man stepped forward and he looked into the face of Noel.



"You!" Justin gasped.



"Hello, Justin.  Did you hurt yourself?"  He extended his hand to help the young man up.

Justin ignored it, and picked himself up.  "What are you doing here?  Why are you following me?"



"Who says I am?" Noel asked, his handsome face smiling and unconcerned by Justin's accusations.



"Leave me alone!"  Justin turned to walk away.



"Not yet," Noel said.  "I knew you were talented when I saw your work at Jane's gallery, but I never figured you'd turn up in New York."



"How did you get here?"



"I ended up working in a gallery here, after you and your boyfriend drove me out of Pittsburgh."  Noel spat out the word 'boyfriend' like it burnt his tongue to say it.  "How is the delectable, detestable Brian?"



"He's fine."



"And how have you been?"



"All right."



"Really?  You seemed a little scared when you were running."



"So!"



"You really are a baby!  I never understood what Brian saw in you."



"Fuck off, Noel!"  Justin turned away from Noel.  "You're crazy!"



Noel grabbed Justin and shoved him against a tree.  His forearm pressed across Justin's throat.  His face, no longer handsome, became an ugly sneer.  He looked at Justin with pure loathing.  "You know you're just his fuck buddy!  How did you like the phone calls?  I enjoyed making you squirm.  I enjoyed scaring you shitless.  Too bad you changed your number.  I was going to help you get your rocks off the next time I called."



"You sick son of a bitch!  Let me go!" Justin gasped.



"I should fuck you right here.  Brian wouldn't want damaged goods for his fuck buddy, would he?  It would serve him, and you, right!"



Just then a hard right hand connected with Noel's jaw and he dropped to the ground.



"You fucking bastard!  I'm going to break every bone in your fucking pathetic body!"  Brian stood above Noel, seething with rage.



"What are you doing here?" Noel asked, shrinking back and rubbing his jaw.



"I've been here since this afternoon.  I thought I saw you that first night we were at Whiplash, but I couldn't believe my eyes.  I thought I must have been mistaken.  I have to hand it to you, Noel.  Nobody plays fucking mind games like you do!"



"What tipped you off?"



"When you started talking to Justin, I could hear you in some of the comments he told me.  You are one sick, pathetic asshole!"



"No sicker than you!" Noel shot back.  "You think you're so wonderful.  You're a goddamned piece of crap.  You think you can control everything and push everybody around.  Well, I showed you how easy it is to screw up your neat little life."



"Fuck you!" Brian yelled at him.  "You piece of shit!  Trying to scare innocent people.  You want to get to me, so you pick on Justin."



"Whatever works!" Noel said sarcastically.



"Fuck you!" Brian yelled again.



Noel had picked himself up from the ground.  Brian and Justin glared at him.  "Why haven't you called the police?" he asked tentatively.



"Want me to?" Brian asked, pulling out his phone.



"I haven't done anything illegal," Noel stated.  "In fact I could have you arrested for battery."  He rubbed his jaw.



"Want to test that theory?" Brian asked, starting to dial.



"Wait!" Noel said.  "I don't want trouble."


"Then you shouldn't stalk people!" Justin shot back.



"Does this stop here and now?" Brian asked.



"I guess," Noel said.



"Don't fucking guess!  It stops now!  Understand?"



"I don't do ultimatums," Noel smirked.



"Well, you better do this one!" said Brian.



"You can't prove that I've done anything illegal, so don't threaten me."



"Justin, maybe you should go to the dean of your course and tell him what's been going on," Brian suggested.



Noel looked puzzled.  "What good would that do?"



"He would be interested in someone else's role in this," Justin said.



"What do you mean?"  Noel looked worried now.



"You know, your cousin, Zach," Justin said.



Noel visibly paled.



"The dean wouldn't be too happy that one of the spots in this exclusive course was filled by someone who was involved in stalking, in slipping drugs into someone's drink, in conspiracy."  Brian finished his list.



"How do you know about Zach?" Noel asked.



"I never knew your last name," Brian said, "but when it dawned on me that I had seen you here and this was the sort of sick shit you'd pull, I called Jane Granville.  When she told me your last name was Sherwood, everything made sense."



"I saw you two together one day, but I didn't get a look at your face," Justin added.  "When Brian told me your name, I knew you two were working together."



"So?" Noel blustered.  "You can't prove any of it."

"Maybe not, but it would probably be enough to get Zach kicked out of this course, or at least put on notice," Brian told him.



"Oh? … Don't do that.  He was only trying to help me," Noel said.



"He didn't have to do it!" Justin countered.



Noel looked at them.  He seemed to be weighing what to do.  "Look, I don’t want Zach in trouble.  I'll leave you both alone, if you leave Zach alone," he offered.



Brian stared at him.  "It's up to Justin," Brian said.



Justin grimaced.  "Okay.  No calls, no following me, no more fucking games!  Is that what you're saying?"



Noel nodded.



"Say it out loud, you asshole!" Brian ordered.



"I'll stop all that, if you leave Zach alone."  Noel looked like the words made him want to puke, but he said them.



"Agreed," Justin said.



"Agreed," Brian added.  "Now get the fuck out of here!  And you better never come near Justin or me again!"



Noel gave them a poisonous look, turned and walked away.



Justin put his arms around Brian and laid his head on Brian's shoulder.  "Is this finally over?" he whispered.



"I sure as fuck hope so!" Brian replied.



He squeezed Justin to his chest.



After a minute or two Justin looked up at Brian.  "Let's go to my room or your hotel.  I need you," he breathed huskily.



"Hotel," Brian said, kissing him.  "I want some privacy."



They caught a cab and were at the hotel in less than five minutes.  The elevator was torture.  When the door finally opened at the seventh floor, Brian had Justin pressed into the back wall, grinding his hips against Justin's groin.  His mouth sucked the air out of Justin's body.



The bing from the elevator door forced them to return to reality.  Brian grabbed Justin's hand and they raced down the hall to his room.  It had one of those card entries.  Four tries before they could get it to work, and they both felt like they were going to explode.



Finally Brian got the door open.  He yanked Justin into the room and pushed him against the back of the door.  His hands pulled at clothing, ignoring buttons, forcing them open.  Justin had Brian's shirt open and his hand down his jeans.  Brian spun them around, lips sucking desperately, not wanting to separate.  They edged toward the bed, pulling off the remaining clothes.  As they neared the bed, they toppled onto it, jeans still wrapped about their ankles.



They kicked frantically to get rid of them.  Brian grabbed a condom from his jeans and was quickly inside Justin.  They bucked together, heading toward the release they both needed.



Justin gasped.  "So good!  I need you!"



Brian smiled down at him, bending Justin in half and ramming in again and again.



Justin yelled out, "Brian!!" and came all over both of them.



Brian's orgasm followed.  He breathed, "Justin," and collapsed on top of him.



After a minute or two he rolled off and disposed of the condom.  "God," he said hoarsely, "I thought I was going to have to kick down that fucking door."



"Or do it in the hallway."  Justin giggled.



Brian rolled over against Justin's slighter frame.  He ran his hand along Justin's hip and looked into his eyes.  "Are you all right?" he asked gently.



"I think so.  Noel scared me, until you punched him."



"He's really a fucking coward, hiding in the shadows, trying to ruin our lives.  I should have shoved my foot up his tight little ass, but I would have ruined my shoes and he probably would have enjoyed it.  I hope he got the fucking message!"



"Brian, remember the list of people who hate us?"



Brian groaned.  "I remember.  You're not going to start worrying about that again, are you?"



"I'm through worrying about it."



"Why?"  Brian was puzzled.



"I thought we had done something wrong and that was why people hated us.  Now I see that Noel, and probably most of the others, are the fucked up ones.  We're no worse than them, so I'm not going to worry about it any more."


"I like that attitude," Brian said, "and … I like you."



Justin looked at Brian.  He couldn't remember ever hearing Brian say that to him before.  He occasionally, very occasionally, said he loved him, but never that he liked him.  Justin's smile grew bigger and bigger the more he thought about Brian's words.



"What?" Brian asked, seeing the sunshine glow and the blinding smile.



"You know what.  I like you too.  Not only are you a great lover, but you're a very good friend."



Brian blushed.  He could feel the heat spreading across his cheeks.  He tried to bury his face in the mattress.



"You're blushing!" Justin said.  "You're embarrassed!"  He pulled Brian over to look into his face.



"I am not!" Brian protested.



"Yes, you are.  Why?"



Brian groaned.  "That's a very wonderful thing to say to me.  I don't think I deserve it."



"You do.  You never understand how really great you are."



"Will you stop?"


"Only if you believe me."


"Okay, okay," Brian gave in, wanting this conversation to be over.  He pulled Justin's face close and started licking his lips, his chin, his cheeks.  "I'm going to show you just how much I like you all weekend long."



"Can we have room service every now and then?" Justin giggled.



"We've got to keep your strength up," Brian whispered against Justin's ear.  "Want something now?"



"No.  I want to fuck you," Justin stated.



"As a friend?" Brian asked, tongue in cheek.



"As a friend, a lover, a partner.  I'm going to show just how good a friend I can be."  He kissed Brian deeply, running his tongue over Brian's teeth and tongue.  "I'm going to make you soooo happy!" he vowed.



"You already do!" Brian admitted.

Chapter 22 - Reconciliations by Thyme

 

Reconciliations

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  



Justin came back to Pittsburgh at the end of February.  This was his first visit home since he had gone to New York for his course.  Brian had visited him on several weekends, but now everyone else would have a chance to see Justin too.



He arrived on Thursday night, having arranged to miss Friday and Monday of his course.  He landed at the airport around 8 pm.  Brian swept him into his arms as soon as he appeared.  He kissed him deeply, ignoring the rather disapproving looks from several faces around them.



As quickly as possible they headed for the Jeep and sped to the loft.  Thursday night was theirs.  Friday Justin would spend with his mother, but tonight there was only them.



They lost their clothes as soon as the door was closed.  Justin clung to Brian.  They kissed as they edged towards the bed.  Brian ran his hands over Justin's naked body.



"I've missed you," he breathed.



"Show me how much," Justin demanded.



Their erect penises rubbed together, eliciting moans from each.  Justin backed Brian against the bed and pushed him down on the mattress.  He stretched his body over Brian's, kissing and licking all over the face that he loved.  His hips rotated across Brian's groin, his stiff cock passing over Brian's and making them both groan.  Brian tried to roll Justin over, but he prevented it.  He continued pressing into Brian's body, rubbing with his hips and kissing Brian so deeply he felt he was reaching down to his lover's cock.  He began to buck against Brian rapidly and erratically.



"Christ, Justin!" Brian gasped.



"Are you close?" Justin breathed between kisses.



"Yes!" Brian moaned.  "I have been, since you got off the fucking plane!"



"Me too!"



Justin's hand grasped Brian's cock, and Brian screamed "Justin!"  He came in a pulsing orgasm.  Justin bucked against him a couple of more times and then shot his load all over Brian's chest.  He dropped down on top of Brian, their cum mixing together between them.



Justin felt hands run down his back and he shivered.  He felt the same hands cup the cheeks of his ass and he moaned.  He felt a finger pressed into his hole and he hissed in pleasure.  He could feel his erection growing already.



"Shit, Brian!  If you do that, you're going to have to fuck me right now!"



"And that would be a problem because…?"


"No problem at all!" Justin declared, sucking on Brian's bottom lip.



Brian fucked him twice more before they finally settled down.  Justin wound his leg around Brian's hip and snuggled up against him.



"I guess you missed me a little bit, huh?" Justin asked.



"What makes you think that?" Brian asked, sticking his tongue in his cheek.



"Three goes, in what … forty minutes!" Justin giggled.



"I did miss you … every minute!" Brian declared, running his thumb over Justin's luscious lips.  He kissed him and held him tight against his body.  "I'm sorry we have to be apart even for a second."



"We've got four days together.  Let's make the most of them," Justin stated.



They did, all night long.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian had a lot of trouble getting up Friday morning.  He and Justin had fucked most of the night.  He had gotten maybe two hours sleep.  His dick was a little tender and his ass a little sore from Justin topping him.  He smiled as he remembered.  Justin was a phenomenal lover, top or bottom.  They were perfect together.



The alarm had awakened Brian, but Justin had merely mumbled, rolled over and slept on.  Brian left him alone, knowing the boy needed his rest.  Brian had considered taking the day off, but he knew Jennifer wanted some time with her son, and Friday seemed like a good day for that.  They would have the rest of the weekend, and Brian had booked off Monday.  He smiled, thinking about all the things he was going to do to and with Justin.



He showered and dressed as quietly as he could.  Jennifer would call later, so he left the phone on Justin's side of the bed.  It would wake him up when she called.  As he set the phone on the nightstand, he looked down at Justin's sleeping face.  He looked so peaceful and so beautiful.  Sometimes Brian couldn't fathom how lucky he was to have this miraculous young man in his life.  He loved him more every day.  Sometimes it scared the shit out of him how much he had come to depend on Justin, how much he needed him around.  He couldn't imagine his life without this boy, this man.  They had become inextricably woven together.  And it surprised him to realize that that suited him just fine.



At that moment he decided what he was going to do before Justin went back to New York.  He took one more look at his lover, his friend, his partner.  He left for work thinking about what he was planning.



Jennifer called Justin around ten o'clock.  She figured he would want to sleep in, so she had gone to work for a couple of hours before she called.  She realized she had woken him up, but he assured her that was fine.  They arranged to meet for lunch at a little café they both liked.  Jennifer wanted to take him shopping in the afternoon.



They picked up Molly after school.  She was happy to see Justin even though she tried to play it cool.



Justin greeted her with his standard, "Hey, Mollusk."



She made a face.  "Hi, Just You," she retorted.



Justin looked at her.  "How long did it take you to come up with that one?" he asked, and grinned at her.



She smiled back.  "Since you always call me Mollusk, I wanted something to return the favor," she said in a very grown-up manner.



"I can see that you're growing up," Justin admitted.  "I guess I'll have to stop calling you Mollusk."



"It's okay.  I know you don't mean anything by it."



"Just that I love you."



"Don't get mushy, Just You!"



"Okay, Mollusk" Justin retorted, returning to their former sibling sniping.  "How was school?"



"Yucky!"



"Why yucky?" Justin asked.



"We had a history test today."


"Oh," Justin said.  He was thinking about all the harassment and nasty names he had endured at the glorious St. James Academy.  He was glad Molly only had to worry about tests.  "How'd you do?" he asked.



"Probably okay."



"That's good."



Jennifer had been driving them to the townhouse.  She was making a special dinner for all of them, and Brian was invited.  Justin had had to promise Brian they would leave right after dinner.  He also had to promise some special things for Brian when they got home.  If Brian had had his way, it would have been a Taylor family night and he would have had take-out at the loft.  However, Justin's persuasive skills were hard to ignore, and finally he had agreed to go.



Brian arrived around seven.  He had gone back to the loft and changed into slacks and a sweater, probably his most conservative outfit other than his work clothes.  Justin beamed when he saw what Brian was wearing.  He had half expected Brian to come dressed in something slutty in protest of Justin making him be there at all.  Brian, however, seemed to be on his best behavior.



"Hi, Brian," Molly said shyly.  She had really grown to like her brother's boyfriend, ever since he had been so kind to her when Craig Taylor had his cancer operation.



"Hello, beautiful," Brian responded.



Molly blushed a shade close to the colour of her hair.



"Would you like a glass of wine?" Jennifer asked him.



"Sure," he replied.



He and Jennifer were still not on the best of terms, but for Justin's sake, he would be civil and try not to make any wisecracks that would upset the Taylor clan.



Jennifer had roasted a chicken.  She had garlic potatoes with broccoli and carrots.  She was a very good cook.  That must be where Justin got his interest in cooking.  Brian made sure to compliment her.



For dessert she had baked an apple pie.



"Would you like ice cream or cheese with that?" she asked Brian.



He looked at Justin who blushed slightly.  "Cheese, please," he replied.



Justin chuckled.



Jennifer said, "Justin told me that you liked cheese with your apple pie."



"Did he now?"



"We always have ice cream," Jennifer explained.



"You should try it with cheese," Brian said.  "You might like it."



"Okay," she agreed.



Molly wanted her pie a la mode.  Everyone else had cheese.  They ate in silence for a few moments.



"This pie is delicious, Jennifer," Brian said, determined to be pleasant with her.



"The cheese is an interesting contrast with the sweetness of the pie.  I like it," she said.  "When did you discover cheese and apple pie?"



"When I was a callow youth," Brian smirked.



"Really?  I wouldn't think it would be a child's thing," she observed.



"It is when you have no other choice," Brian replied.



"His grandmother always served it that way," Justin explained.



Brian smiled at him, remembering Justin's own efforts at making apple pie.  That had been an interesting evening.  He looked into Justin's cornflower blue eyes.  He could see just a hint of lust there, and knew Justin was thinking about their activities too.  He squirmed in his chair, as his pants were suddenly less roomy, and it wasn't from the pie.



He cleared his throat.  "That was an excellent dinner!" he proclaimed.



Jennifer beamed at him.  Brian saw a version of Justin's smile looking back at him, and his heart softened a little.  He knew how much Justin relished kind words from him, and that was the same look on Jennifer's face.  Maybe she wasn't so bad after all.  He made a mental note to be more complimentary to her in the future.



They helped Jennifer clear the table.  Justin then said they should be going, knowing Brian didn't want to stay too long.  Jennifer kissed her son and said she would see him at Mel and Lindsay's brunch.  Brian told her again that he had enjoyed the dinner.



"You're welcome anytime, Brian," she stated.  She actually sounded like she meant it.



Brian leaned over and gave her a little peck on the cheek.  She blushed a lovely shade of red.



"Brian, I'd like us to get along better," she said.



"Sure," he replied.



Justin gave him a look, understanding the meaning of that word.  Brian saw the look on Justin's face.



He cleared his throat and said, "I'd like nothing better than for us to get along.  We have something very important in common."



"Yes, we do."  They both looked at Justin.



"Bye, Mom," he said.



He grabbed Brian's hand and pulled him out the door.  As they got into the Jeep, Brian asked, "Why did you drag me out of there so fast?  You spoiled that tender moment with your mother."



"Yeah, right!"



"I'm serious.  I was touched," Brian protested.



"Touched in the head!" Justin retorted.



"Don't you want me to get along better with your mother?"



"Of course I do."



"Well, that's what I was doing."



"Yeah, you were.  You were on your best behavior.  I just wasn't sure how much longer you could keep it up."



"Oh, ye of little faith!"



"I'm sorry if I underestimated you," Justin said sincerely.



"Sometimes you do, but usually you're right on."



"I know you well," Justin said confidently.



"And you're still here!"



"Always will be!"



Brian smiled at his confidence.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Saturday morning Brian let Justin sleep in as long as he wanted.  They had had a hot and heavy night.  Brian even managed to sleep till nine.  When he woke, he quietly got out of bed.  He showered and threw on some clothes.  Justin slept peacefully, as Brian slipped out of the loft.



About 10:30 Brian heard Justin rustling around in his sleep and knew he would soon be awake.  Having slept with the boy for almost two years, he knew his sleep patterns so well.  He quickly started the coffee, poured juice and set it out.  He looked around the loft and smiled in approval.  He liked what he had done.  He was pretty sure Justin would like it too.



He picked up his little gift and went into the bedroom.  He laid down beside Justin, resting on his elbow, watching his boy.  Justin rolled over and snorted.  Brian smiled.  He leaned over, and as Justin's beautiful blue eyes fluttered open, he kissed his luscious lips.



"Mmm," Justin moaned.  "What a nice way to wake up!"



"There's more," Brian whispered, kissing him again.



"More?" Justin asked breathlessly.  The kisses were having their usual effect.



"Yes."


"Like what?"



"You'll see in a few minutes," Brian promised.  He reached behind him and produced his gift.  He held it in front of Justin's bewildered face.  "For you, Sunshine," he said softly.



"Brian … a rose?"  He took the perfect coral rose that Brian held out to him.  "What's going on?" he asked.



"Don't you like it?"



"I love it.  It's … exquisite, but why?"



"Because I wanted to."


"Where did you get it?"



"I've been up for a while, so I went out and got a few things."



"You did?" Justin asked, grinning at him.



"Um hmm.  Today is your special day."



"What am I … Queen for a Day?"



Brian chuckled.  "I guess you could call it that."



"What have you done?"



"If you're ready to get up, I'll show you."



Justin noticed the glass partitions were closed.  Brian followed his line of sight.  As Justin started to get up, Brian said, "No peeking.  Go take a quick shower and put on your robe.  Then come out.  I'll be waiting for you."



"Aren't you going to shower with me?" Justin asked, rather disappointed.



"Not this time.  I have something to do."


Justin looked at him, not sure what was going on.  Finally he got up and went into the bathroom.  He saw his silk robe hanging on the hook, and he knew that was what Brian wanted him to put on after his shower.  He made short work of the shower, intrigued to find out what Brian had planned.  The rose was beautiful and romantic, not like something Brian would normally do.  He wondered what else his partner had in store for him.



He put on the robe and ran his fingers through his hair.  A look in the mirror and he decided he looked good.  He was ready to see what came next.  He walked out of the bathroom and down the steps.  On the second step he stopped and gasped.



Brian had laid out a breakfast picnic in the centre of the loft.  He had made a little sitting area with pillows and cushions.  They surrounded the food – dishes of bagels, lox, cream cheese, fruit, a pot of coffee, juice, and his beautiful rose in a little crystal vase in the middle.  Brian sat on one of the cushions, wearing his silk robe that matched Justin's, only a few shades darker.



"My God, Brian?"  Justin beamed at him.  "What is all this?"



"A ridiculously romantic picnic breakfast for my favorite boy," Brian replied.  "Come join me."  He patted the cushion next to his.



Justin went over and sat down beside Brian.  He heard Brian groan.  "What's wrong?" he asked.



"Will you cover up and quit flashing your dick at me?  I'm trying to behave myself, and you're not helping matters."



Justin giggled, realizing his robe had separated when he sat down, and his dick was prominently sticking out of the gap.  He pulled the soft fabric over it and sat sedately.  "Is that better?" he asked.



"Not really," Brian groaned.  Justin could see Brian's robe bulging in front of him.  "However, it will have to do for now."



"This looks great!" Justin said, surveying the feast before him.  "You've been a busy boy."



"Do you like it?"



"Oh, yes!" Justin replied.



Brian smiled at him.  "Have some juice."


Justin drank his juice while Brian prepared a bagel with cream cheese and lox.  Justin was about to grab a bagel for himself, when a touch of Brian's hand on his arm stopped him.  "This is for you," he said, bringing the bagel to Justin's lips.  Justin took a bite.



"Ummmm … good!" he reported.



Brian handed him the rest of the bagel and made one for himself.  He took a bite and poured coffee for them both.  He handed a cup to Justin who had just finished inhaling his half of the bagel.



"I wonder if half a dozen bagels was enough?" he chuckled.



Justin grinned.  "I was hungry," he said in his defense.



"Growing boys!" Brian said, shaking his head.



Brian made him another half bagel, as Justin sipped his coffee.



"This is great, Brian, but how come?"



"Remember the other picnic that I so rudely refused to participate in?"



"How could I forget?" Justin said ruefully.



"I thought I'd try to make it up to you."



"You didn't need to," Justin replied.



"I wanted to, so enjoy it."


"I am," Justin grinned, finishing this latest bagel.



"Want another one?"



"Sure."


"Christ!  Where do you put it?" Brian marveled.



"I have good metabolism," Justin smirked.



"That's for fuck sure!"



"Thanks," Justin said, taking the next bagel Brian had made for him.  "Could I have some more coffee?"



Brian refilled his mug.



"This is wonderful, Brian.  What made you decide to do this today?" Justin asked.



Brian decided to be candid for once.  "When I got up yesterday, I watched you sleeping before I went to work."



"You did?  Did you like what you saw?"



"Very much," Brian admitted.  "I realized how beautiful you are, and how lucky I am to have you here with me."



"Really?"  Justin blushed.



"Really, and I decided to make some things right, if I could.  I wanted to show you how much you mean to me."


"Is that what you were doing with my mother last night?"  The light had dawned on Justin.



"Yes," Brian said softly.  "This weekend is for you.  I'm going to do everything I can to make you happy."


"I like the sound of that," Justin said.  "Could I have another bagel?"


Brian laughed.  "Your wish is my command."  He made another bagel for his hungry baby.



"So what else do you have planned?" Justin asked, his mouth full of bagel.



"Wait and see," Brian replied.



Justin raised his eyebrows questioningly.



"Have you had enough bagels?" Brian asked.



"For now."


"Okay then, lie back," Brian instructed.



Justin shifted onto his side and stretched out on the cushions.  Brian picked up the bowl of fruit.  He fished out a grape and held it near Justin's lips.



"Aren't you going to peel it?" Justin teased.



"I will if you want," Brian replied.



Justin toyed with the idea of making him do it, but finally he said, "I was only kidding."



Brian rubbed the grape over Justin's lips and pressed it in a bit.  He pulled it back and Justin grinned at him.  He placed the grape between his teeth and brought it back to Justin's mouth.  Justin sucked at it, his lips brushing against Brian's.  He bit the end of the grape so that they each got half. It was ripe and sweet.



"Pineapple?" Brian asked, placing a piece between his teeth.



Justin sucked the juice off the pineapple.  He licked over Brian's lips and chin where the juice had dripped.  Suddenly he bit off half the pineapple and they each chewed their piece.



"You know," said Justin, "I think this is just about the best breakfast I've ever had."



"We aim to please.  Wait till we get to dessert."



"You don't have dessert with breakfast."


"You do today," Brian said, feeding Justin a piece of pear.



"I'm ready for dessert," Justin said.



"Okay," Brian responded.  "Turn onto your back."


Justin scooted around to lie looking up at Brian.  Brian straddled Justin's legs and leaned over to kiss his boy.  He started by softly kissing and sucking on Justin's lips.  As the kisses continued, they became deeper and more demanding.  Brian felt Justin's arms come up behind his head.  Justin's hands pressed the back of Brian's scalp, forcing their lips closer together.  Justin opened his mouth and their tongues duelled deliciously.



Justin felt his robe being pulled open.  Brian's hands roamed up and down the sides of his body.  Suddenly Brian sat up, breaking their kiss.  Justin groaned in disappointment.



"Easy, young fella.  There's more to come," Brian said.



Brian shifted down and between Justin's legs.  He licked the boy's navel and fucked it with his tongue.  Justin squirmed in pleasure.  Brian's tongue followed the trail down to Justin's pubes.  He buried his face there and breathed deeply in and out.  He drank in the smell that he loved.  At the same time his warm breath tickled and tantalized his lover.  Brian felt Justin's cock jump next to his face.



He moved down farther, bypassing the swelling shaft.  His tongue licked along the top of Justin's thighs, and then down to his balls.  Brian's hand grasped Justin's penis to move the heavy, swollen cock and give him greater access to the boy's sac.  Justin moaned as Brian touched him.  His hips pushed up into the hand.



"Be patient," Brian whispered.  "It will be worth it."



Justin looked at him, nodded and closed his eyes.  Brian sucked on one ball, holding it tenderly in his mouth, rolling it across his tongue, then tugging gently.  Justin moaned and Brian looked at his boy.  Justin's jaw was slack, and he was lost to the intense pleasure that Brian was stimulating.  Brian took the other ball into his mouth, giving it the same careful, but delicious treatment.  Justin gasped as he released the balls from his mouth.



"Please," he moaned.  His cock dripped precum and ached for the attention that until now had been directed elsewhere.



Brian's lips encircled the cap of Justin's cock.  He sucked the precum into his mouth.  Justin screamed, "Ahhhhh!" and almost came.  Brian backed off not ready to have this end just yet.  Justin opened his eyes and looked pleadingly at his lover.



Brian leaned in and kissed him tenderly.  Justin's arms came around Brian's shoulders, and he clung to the man he loved so intensely.  "Fuck me!" he whispered in Brian's ear.



"Not yet," Brian replied.



Justin groaned, wanting release.



Brian slid back down and again took Justin's cock into his mouth.  He sucked it far back into his throat and buried his face in Justin's pubes.  Then he stopped, holding the shaft tightly in his mouth.  The boy tried to push up into Brian's mouth, but Brian held his hips still.  Brian's lips slid up and down the shaft a couple of times, and Justin screamed, "Briiiaaannnn!"



Brian still held him down, but he slid his lips up to the tip of Justin's cock.  He licked along the prominent vein and then sucked the length of it.  Justin writhed beneath him. He circled the tip with his tongue and probed under the head.  Justin moaned.  He sucked on the head, then hummed, setting up a vibration the length of the shaft.  Justin bucked in response.  Brian deep throated him once again, then sucked on the tip.  Justin shrieked, "Ah, ahh, ahhh, ahhhh!" and came in pulsing shots into Brian's mouth.



Brian held Justin against him and felt him go limp.  He heard Justin gulping for air, then the boy let out a big sigh.  Justin's arms wrapped around Brian, and he purred his contentment.



"Happy?" Brian asked.



Deep blue eyes fluttered open and Justin nodded.



"How did you like breakfast?" Brian asked him.



"Awesome!" Justin gasped.



Brian chuckled.  "Glad you enjoyed it."


"Do I ever make you feel like this?" Justin whispered.



"Like what?"



"Like you suck me, body and soul, into you.  That you take me beyond anything I have ever felt before or thought that it was possible to feel."



"Yes, sometimes."



"Really?"



"Yes.  It's then that I know we are meant to be together.  It is so intense, beyond anything I have experienced with anyone else."



Justin snuggled in closer to Brian.  "I'm so happy to know that.  Sometimes I'm not sure how I measure up.  You're much more experienced than I am."



"Are you calling me a slut?"



Justin chuckled.  "No!  I just meant that it's nice to know that I satisfy you."



"Justin, it goes way beyond being satisfied.  I need you.  I crave you.  I desire you … all the time!"



Justin stared into Brian's eyes.  Tears welled up in his own eyes, making them sparkle.  He took a deep breath and Brian was sure he was going to cry.  He blinked and said, "If this was breakfast, what's for lunch and dinner?"



Brian laughed and squeezed his baby tight.  "Hmm, let's see.  I've fucked you to oblivion already.  How be we try for the next galaxy?  I've always wanted to travel through space and time."


"I'm ready for any adventure, as long as it's with you."


Shooting stars, spiralling rockets, shifting planets, warp drive, Milky Way, burning suns, blistering speed, cosmic impact!  All in a day's adventure in a tiny loft in Pittsburgh, Planet Earth, for two intrepid space travellers who tasted love and passion and total connection on their galactic voyage through a Saturday afternoon.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Sunday morning dawned crisp and clear.  Brian awoke to the gentle snores of his lover who lay pressed against his back, one leg draped over his hip.  He could feel Justin's morning hard-on pressed into the crack of his ass.  He would take advantage of that in a few minutes.



He carefully eased the boy over onto his back, not wanting to wake him just yet.  He turned on his side to study Justin's sleeping face.  This face had become his world, his reason for being.  He still felt afraid sometimes, afraid of how much he had invested in this one irreplaceable being.  He could no longer imagine his life without this man, and that realization frightened him sometimes.  But mostly he was grateful and thankful and content that he had someone who made his life and him complete.



He smiled at Justin's sleeping face and gently ran his fingers across the boy's cheek and along his jaw.  The gentle snores stopped.  The perfect body shifted slightly.  Brian knew he was close to waking.  He leaned over and softly sucked on Justin's bottom lip.  As he watched, the eyelids fluttered.  Momentarily he was staring into two blue pools that looked back at him with love and humour.



"Morning," Justin whispered.



"Did I wake you?" Brian asked.



"Yes, but it's a nice way to wake up."


"Oh?"



"I always know when you touch me.  I can feel it through every cell of my body."



"Can you?"



"Yes.  It makes me sooo happy!"



"As happy as you were yesterday?"



"I'm not sure that's possible.  Ecstasy doesn't begin to describe what I felt."


"We could try."


"I'm up for that."



"You're always up!" Brian said, reaching for Justin's semi-hard cock.



"Lucky for you!" Justin retorted.



"Very lucky for me.  You're insatiable."


"Well, so are you!"



"I'm not denying that.  That's why we're so good together."


"Weren't we supposed to go to Babylon last night?" Justin suddenly asked.



"Yes, but we had other things to do."


"That's for sure.  I hope the guys weren't mad."


"We'll see them at brunch this morning," Brian reminded him.



"Do we need to get ready now?" Justin asked.



"Soon, but I want to shower, with you."


"Oh."


"Shall we?"


"By all means."



They quickly made their way to the shower and managed to use up most of the hot water.  There was a lot more than cleansing going on, although they did that several times too.



A little after eleven they arrived at Mel and Lindsay's.  Everyone else was already there.  Justin was the object of many kisses and hugs.  Deb almost squeezed the life out of him.  Emmett shed a few tears.  Lindsay kissed him again and again.  Even Michael seemed glad to see him and gave him a hug.



While all of the reunions were taking place, Brian and Gus were huddled in the dining room doorway.  Brian held the toddler in his arms and they whispered together.  When everyone had finally finished welcoming Justin, Brian set Gus down and cleared his throat loudly enough to get everyone's attention.  They all turned their heads to see what Brian wanted.



Justin had had his back to Brian and Gus.  As he turned around, Gus stepped forward and said clearly, "Justin!"



Justin's mouth dropped open and he held out his arms.  Gus jumped up and down and yelled, "Justin!" once more.



"Gus!" Justin replied, finding it hard to make his voice work.



The little boy launched himself across the room and into Justin's waiting arms.  Justin hugged him tight.  "What did you call me?" he asked, wanting to hear it again.



"Justin!" Gus said emphatically, and kissed his favourite playmate.



"How did you learn to say it right?" Justin wanted to know.



"Dada helped me," Gus said, pointing to his father.



"He did?" Justin asked, looking over at Brian.



"We practised together," Brian said, his tongue prominent in his right cheek.



Justin carried Gus over to Brian.  "This is the best surprise," he said to Brian.  He gave his partner a kiss on the cheek.



Everybody applauded, happy for Brian and Gus, and mostly Justin.  Gus clapped his hands in glee.  All of his work with his father had paid off.  He basked in the praise he was receiving.



"So that's what you were doing with Gus," Lindsay said to Brian.  "All that whispering and plotting, I wondered what you were up to."


Brian grinned at her.  "It was worth the effort.  I know Justin has tried to get Gus to say his name right, but he could never do it.  See how happy they are."  Brian nodded toward Justin and Gus.  Gus had hold of Justin's hand, apparently never to let it go.



"Your two boys!" Lindsay chuckled.



"Yeah."



"That was a lovely thing to do for Justin."


Brian blushed.  "It was fun.  I think Gus can learn anything."



"He's a bright boy, just like his father," Lindsay stated.  "Seems to me his father can learn anything too."


"What do you mean?" Brian asked.



"You've learned to give of yourself, your time, your expertise.  You've learned to love someone and do whatever you can to make them happy."  She looked at Brian, and then at Justin, who was being led around the room to see all Gus' toys and favourite things.



"You think that's what I've learned?"



"Pretty sure of it."


"He's worth it."


"You got that right!  I'm so happy you've finally realized that."



"Guess I'm a slow learner," Brian admitted.



"You're not a slow learner.  You've merely been fighting it for almost two years.  You were proving the old adage 'You can lead a horse to water…'"



"And if you hold him under the water long enough, he'll give in kicking and screaming," Brian completed for her.



"I don't see any kicking and screaming.  I see someone who has stopped fighting it and learned to appreciate what he's lucky enough to have."


Brian leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.



"What was that for?" Lindsay asked.



Brian merely smirked at her and moved away.  He went over to the food table and got some juice.



"He knows I'm right," Lindsay thought, pleased with herself.



They all had a lovely brunch.  Justin told them all about his time in New York.  He left out the whole Noel situation.  He and Brian had decided it was over, and there was no point worrying their family and friends about it.



"Are you getting to see much of New York?" Ted asked.



"Some," Justin replied.  "We've been to the major museums and I've done some sightseeing."


"Haven't had too many free weekends, I bet," Ted said, glancing over at Brian.



Brian stuck his tongue out at him.



"I've had better things to do on weekends," Justin stated, grinning at Brian.



"Yeah, much better!" Brian added, looking lasciviously at his lover.



"As long as you're happy," Emmett said.  "We missed you at Babylon last night."



"We had better things to do last night too," Brian smirked.



"Of course," Emmett admitted.



"And you two?" Justin asked.



Emmett looked lovingly at Ted.  "We're great, sweetie," he said.



"That's good," Justin replied.



Brian rolled his eyes, still unable to fathom that these two were together.  However, the look Justin gave him kept him from making his usual sarcastic comment.  He got up and went to get a cup of coffee.  Debbie joined him.



"That was a sweet thing you did for Justin," she said.  "He was really pleased."


"Yeah," Brian responded.  "Justin tried again and again to get Gus to say his name right, but he just couldn't get the 't'."



"How did you get him to say it?"



"We practised a lot.  I was afraid for a while that Justin would forever be 'Just Tin', but a week ago Gus finally got it together."



Debbie eyed him with a big grin.



"What?" he asked.



"Brian fucking Kinney!  Father, teacher, lover!  Who'd of thunk it?"



Brian snorted.  "Certainly not me!"



Debbie gave him a peck on the cheek.  "I'm happy for you … and proud of you," she added.



"Thanks," Brian replied, rather proud of himself.

The brunch was winding down.  Ben and Michael took off.  Brian hadn't spoken much to Michael.  There was still some resentment there about the amount of time that Brian spent with Justin compared with what he spent with Michael.  However, Justin was his first priority and that's just how it was.



The others began to file out too.  They were all hugging and kissing Justin and wishing him well.  Brian took Gus upstairs to avoid these pleasantries that always wore on his nerves.  Gus was coming home with him and Justin.  They were going to the dinosaur exhibit at the museum, and Gus was spending the night at the loft.  Justin had requested some extended time with the little boy.  He didn't want Gus to forget him, when he was gone for so long.  Besides, he missed the little guy almost as much as Gus missed him.



Gus picked out a few toys that he wanted to take with him.  Brian added them to the bags that Lindsay had packed for him.  As he zipped up the bag, the door opened and Justin came in.



"Justin!" Gus beamed.



"I can't believe you can say my name.  Say it again!"



"Justin," Gus responded.  He smiled shyly at his playmate.



"Are you ready to spend the night with the big boys?" Justin asked.



"Ready!  Ready!"  Gus bounced up and down in anticipation.



"Well then, let's go, partner," Justin said, scooping him up.



Brian grabbed the bags and they went downstairs.



"Do you have everything?" Lindsay asked.



"Yes, mother," Brian replied.



"And you'll drop him off at daycare tomorrow morning?"



"Yes."


"Okay!  Have fun, sweetie," Lindsay said, giving him a kiss.



"Love you, Mama!" Gus replied.



"Be a good boy for daddy and Justin," Melanie said, also giving him a kiss.



"Love you, Mommy."



"Okay!  Let's get this show on the road," Brian said.  Sometimes it took longer to get Gus organized and ready to go, than the actual amount of time he got to spend with Brian.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



They returned to the loft about eight o'clock.  It had been a good day.  As they rode up in the elevator, Gus snuggled against Brian's shoulder.  He could barely keep his eyes open.  Justin was loaded down with the bags containing clothes and toys.  He watched Brian and his son.  He felt such contentment after a day like today.  The brunch had been nice.  He enjoyed seeing all his friends again and accepting all their good wishes.  They were great people.  But having Gus pronounce his name correctly, and knowing Brian was responsible for making that happen, filled him with such joy.  He couldn't have asked for a better homecoming.



They had enjoyed the dinosaurs at the museum.  Gus could pick out his favourite T-rex.  They had to read him all the information on the signs in front of each display.  The little boy was very bright and seemed to absorb everything he heard.



After the dinosaurs they had gone to the park across the street from the museum.  They had helped Gus make a snowman.  Brian had wanted it to be anatomically correct, but Justin had managed to dissuade him.  Brian had given in when Justin promised to let him play with all his anatomically correct parts later on.



When the snowman finally passed muster, Gus named him Thomas, after Thomas the Train.  He loved those stories and anything to do with trains.  Brian had told Justin about the train set that he wanted to get for Gus' birthday.  Justin wasn't sure it would fit in Mel and Lindsay's house.



Justin had picked up a handful of snow and threw it at Brian.  Brian had retaliated.  They had had a good old fashioned, knockdown, drag out, snowball fight, while Gus jumped up and down and squealed his delight.  He loved seeing his father and Justin get pelted with snow.  They looked so silly.  After watching for a few minutes, he picked up some snow and threw it at his father.  That resulted in Gus being covered in snow by an apparently outraged father.  It was cold, but Gus ran around dodging the snow as best he could while Justin and his father threw it gently over him.



After a while they spotted a pristine patch of snow and they all made snow angels.  They lay laughing together in the freezing white stuff.  Brian got up and pulled his two boys to their feet.  He picked up Gus and they all stood back and admired their handiwork.  Gus hugged his daddy, and Brian could feel his cold nose and face against his neck.  Brian decided they better get Gus inside and warm before he got sick.  Lindsay would ream him but good if he brought Gus back with a cold.



They brushed each other off and headed back to the Jeep.  It was starting to get dark, so they drove to the diner for something to eat.  Debbie was working and was thrilled to see them.  Brian and Gus shared a burger and fries and Justin had his own.



"Turning the little guy into a junk food addict?" Debbie asked, as she refilled Brian's coffee cup.



"It's what he wanted," Brian said defensively.



"His mothers never let him have that," Debbie stated.



"Well, I'm his father and his mothers don't have to know."


"I wasn't criticizing," Debbie backed off.



"Good," said Brian.  "We're having a fabulous day and nothing is going to ruin it."


"Justin," Gus said.



Justin beamed at him.  He loved hearing his name pronounced properly.  "Yes, Gus?"


"Where have you been?"



"You mean for the last two months?"


"You haven't come to see me," Gus said plaintively.



"I'm sorry, partner, but I've been in New York City."


"New York City," Gus parroted.  "Where's that?"



"Far away in that direction," Justin said, pointing to what he hoped was the north east.



"Oh," Gus replied.  "Why?"



"I'm learning to do my art there, my drawing."


"Why?  You draw good."


"So…I…um…can draw even better."


"You draw nice pictures now."


"Thanks."  Justin grinned at him.



"I miss you," Gus said.



"I miss you too."


"Mama said you would go away again."


"That's right.  My course isn't over yet."


"I don't want you to go."


"I have to, Gus."


"But I miss you," the little boy said sadly.



"I know, but I still have to go."


"Dada misses you too," Gus said, looking at Brian for help in making Justin stay.  "He told me how much."



"He did?" Justin asked, looking at Brian who did his best to appear nonchalant.  "How much does he miss me?"


"This much!" Gus said, stretching his arms out as far as he could reach.



"I miss him that much too."


The two men looked at each other, not knowing what to say.



Brian cleared his throat.  "Are you finished eating, Gus?"


"Yes."



"Then I think we better get you home."


"Home … to your place?" Gus asked.



"Yes."


"With Justin?"


"Yes, with Justin."


"That's good!" Gus said emphatically.



"It's just us boys tonight," Brian said, picking him up.



They had piled into the Jeep and ridden quietly to the loft.  Gus appeared ready for bed as soon as Brian got his coat off.  Brian laid him down on the sofa and he fell asleep almost immediately.



"Must be all that fresh air and snow," Brian said to Justin.  Justin had retrieved a blanket from the bedroom and they covered the little boy.  Brian got a pillow for him.  They decided to leave him there for the night, making sure he was well tucked in.



"We can use the bed for us," Brian said, backing Justin towards the bedroom.  "I have to check out all your anatomically correct parts.  Remember?"


"I remember," Justin whispered, falling under the spell of Brian Kisses.



They fucked and fooled around.  Brian verified that all Justin's parts were anatomical and correct and fully functional.  Justin returned the favour.



A little after midnight Brian went to get a bottle of water for each of them.  On his way back to the bedroom he detoured past the couch.  Gus slept peacefully.  Brian pulled the blanket up around his neck.  As he stepped up to the bedroom, he took a last look down at Gus and stubbed his toe on one of the steps.



"Shit!" he yelped, and hobbled over to the bed.



"Shh!" Justin cautioned.



Brian rubbed his toe, and they both held their breath waiting to see if they had woken Gus.  Justin took over rubbing Brian's toe.  Gradually the massage moved up his leg to his groin.  Brian flipped Justin onto his stomach and prepared to enter him.  He ripped open a condom.



"Dada!"



Brian turned his head and saw his son standing at the foot of the bed staring at them.



"Gus, what's wrong?"



"Something woke me up."


Brian grabbed the duvet and pulled it over him and Justin.  He turned around under the covers and dropped the condom over the side of the bed.  Justin had collapsed onto his stomach and stayed that way.



"You should be asleep, Gus," Brian said.



"What were you and Justin doing?" Gus asked.



"Um … "  Brian wasn't sure how to answer that.  "Playing," he finally said.



"Me play too," Gus stated, starting to crawl up onto the bed.



Justin groaned and turned over.  His still erect penis pushed up the duvet.  Gus dove on him and landed right on that tender protuberance.


"Ow!" Justin gasped.



Brian grabbed Gus and pulled him over against his body.  "Take it easy, Sonny Boy!"



"What's wrong?" Gus asked, looking at Justin's pained expression.



"You're getting to be such a big boy, and you're heavy," Brian covered for his lover.



"Sorry, Justin," Gus said.



"It's okay, partner," Justin said, regaining his voice.



"Play?" Gus asked.



"Aren't you sleepy?" Brian asked him.



"No."



Justin giggled.  "You're not going to get rid of him that easily."



Gus looked at each of them.  "Get rid of me?" he asked, looking ready to cry.



"It's okay, Sonny Boy.  We're keeping you," Brian said, starting to tickle under Gus' arms.  The little boy began to giggle.  Justin tickled his feet and he giggled more.  After a minute he had forgotten Justin's comment and was laughing out loud.



"Okay," said Brian.  "Enough playing."


"More!" Gus demanded.



"Gus," Brian said with just a hint of displeasure.  "You need to calm down.  No more playing."


"Okay," Gus gave in.  "Me sleep here."


"You should go back to your bed," Brian told him.



"Stay with you, Dada!"  Gus snuggled up against Brian and wrapped his arms around his neck.


"He's got you," Justin observed.



Brian groaned.  "Lie down, Gus."


Gus scooted down between his father and Justin.  The two men pulled up the duvet, covering their chests, and tucking it under Gus' chin.



Gus looked up at them and asked, "Tell me a story?"



Brian groaned again.



"I'll start," Justin said.  "Once upon a time there was a little boy named Gus."


"Like me?"



"Just like you!" Justin averred.  "And Gus was going to go on a long train ride."  Justin remembered how much Gus loved trains.



"With Dada and Justin?"



"Yes."


"And Mommy and Mama?"



"If you want."


Brian snorted.  Justin gave him a look.



"Where do you think Gus would like to go?" Justin asked.



"To see Mickey."


"Mickey who?"  Justin asked, not knowing about any friend named Mickey.



"Mickey Mouse!" Gus clarified.



"Oh, of course."


"He wants to go to f… Disney World!"  Brian grimaced.



"So Gus and his family set off on the train to see Mickey," Justin continued, ignoring Brian's outburst.  "They travelled for several days, heading south to Florida.  They passed through little towns and lots of farmland.  They saw mountains and many trees.  They had delicious meals on the train, lots of hamburgers, French fries and hot dogs."



Brian stared at Justin.  He was describing Brian's worst nightmare.  When he glanced down at Gus, his eyes were closed and his mouth slightly open, indicating he was almost asleep.



"When they got to Disney World, Gus ran around looking for Mickey," Justin continued in a soft, even voice.  "He found Cinderella and Pluto, but no Mickey.  He sent his Dada and Justin and his Mommy and Mama to hunt for Mickey, but nobody could find him.  When Gus was almost ready to give up, the parade started.  There was Mickey leading the whole thing.  He waved at Gus and called him over.  He picked up Gus and carried him at the head of the parade.  Gus had the best day of his life, and they all lived happily ever after."



Gus was sound asleep, lulled by Justin's voice.  He was undoubtedly dreaming of him and Mickey leading the parade at Disney World.  Brian waited a few minutes to be sure he didn't stir, then he carried him back to the couch.  He got him settled, then returned to the bed.



"That was a close call," he said.



"Want to 'play' some more?" Justin asked.



"I think I want a story."


"A story?  Are you kidding?"



"That was some story you told Gus.  Tell me one," Brian requested.



"Okay?" Justin said, trying to think what he could say.  "Um … Once upon a time there was a big, bad boy named Brian."



Brian snorted.  "How bad?"



"Very, very bad!"



Brian grinned.



"He was so very bad, he was good!" Justin added.  "And … he had a very handsome and charming companion named … Juicy Justin."


Brian snorted again.  "Juicy Justin?" he asked.  "Is that the best you could come up with?"



"Well, Big Bad Brian was easy, but what other 'J' word could I use?"


How about joyful, jubilant … juggernaut?"


"Juggernaut?"



"Well, you trampled all over me and my tidy little life pretty fucking decisively!"



"Is that what you think?" Justin asked, his mouth hanging open in shock.



"I'm not complaining, just stating a fact, and I wouldn't have it any other way."



"Okay, Juggernaut Justin was Big Bad Brian's constant companion."


"You know, you are kind of juicy," Brian interrupted.  "I think I like Juicy Justin better."


"Will you make up your mind and stop interrupting me!"



Brian chuckled.  "Enough stories!"



"Are you sure this time?"



"I'm ready to go back to where we were so rudely interrupted before."


"We're going to have to be more careful around Gus, both in what we say and what we do," Justin observed.



"You're right," Brian said thoughtfully.  "He's starting to grow up, and he's a smart little fucker!"



"Just like his daddy."


"Brian snorted.  "And his Mama."



"Yeah," Justin agreed.


"Come here, you!" Brian said.



Justin slid over and into Brian's arms.  He surrendered completely to Brian's kisses.  "This will be the end to an almost perfect day," Justin whispered.



And it was.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



They got Gus to daycare on time.  He didn't want Justin to leave, fearing he wouldn't see him again.  Justin promised he would be back, and Gus tried to be brave.  There were a few tears as Brian and Justin walked out the door.



In the Jeep, Brian saw the look on Justin's face, and asked, "Are you all right?"



"I wanted to spend time with Gus, but this is so hard!"


"He'll be all right.  We talk about you all the time," Brian said.



"You do?"



"He loves you, Justin.  You're very important to him."


"Please, stop!" Justin begged.



"Stop what?"



"Talking about Gus.  I can't stand it!"



"Sure."



Justin took a few deep breaths and seemed to regain control.  They drove in silence for a while.  Suddenly Justin asked, "What are we going to do till it's time for me to leave?"


"There is something, but only if you want to," Brian said tentatively.



"Fuck?" Justin asked with a grin.



"That too, but no, it's something else."


"What?"



"You don't have to do it, if you don't want to."


"What the fuck is it, Brian?"



"My mother has invited us to lunch."


"Us, as in me?" Justin asked in disbelief.



"You got it!"



"No shit!  When did this happen?"


"We've been getting along better.  I take her to church occasionally, and we talk over lunch."


"That's good," Justin said, trying to gauge this different side of Brian.



"I guess it is.  Anyway, she says she wants to get to know you.  But we'll only go, if you want to," Brian added.



"Sure," said Justin.  "What should I wear?"



Brian laughed.  "I don't think she'll care."


"But I want to look nice."


"Okay, then let's go shopping.  We've got time."


"I love you so much," Justin said, kissing him.


They found him a perfect outfit, charcoal grey slacks and a pale blue cashmere pullover.  The blue came close to matching Justin's eyes.  He looked good enough to eat and Brian did as soon as he got him back to the loft.



They barely made it to Joanie's house by noon.  Justin started to get cold feet as they neared the house.



"What if she hates me?" he asked Brian.  "What can I talk to her about?  Maybe this is a mistake."


Brian screeched to a halt.  "Look, I told you you don't have to do this.  We can go back to the loft," he said evenly.



"No … I want to do it.  I'm … I'm just scared."


"Contrary to popular belief, my mother is human.  She doesn't eat little boys alive."



Justin made a face at him.  "But her son does," Justin giggled.



"Twat!" Brian retorted.



"Let's get this over with," Justin said.



They pulled up to the house.



"Here goes nothing!" Justin said, getting out of the car.



Brian introduced Justin to his mother in a little more conventional manner than had taken place last time they met.  Everything was very civil and very awkward.  They ate the salad she had prepared, mostly in silence.



Finally, Joanie couldn't stand it any more, and said, "Justin, I've been afraid to say anything much to you.  I want you to like me, for Brian's sake, but I don't know what to talk to you about."


"That makes two of us," Justin replied.



"Really?  You're nervous around me?"

"Yes," Justin replied.  "I want you to like me for Brian's sake."


"And Brian would like you both to relax, for Brian's sake!" Brian retorted.  "You're making me fucking nervous!"



They both laughed and did start to relax.  Justin told Joanie about his art course in New York.  She wanted to know what kind of art he did, and even asked some relatively intelligent questions about materials and techniques and some artists whose work she liked.  Brian was impressed with his mother.  He was always impressed with Justin.



When they were putting on their coats to leave, Joanie gave Justin an open invitation to come for lunch any time he was back in Pittsburgh.  "I enjoyed getting to know you, Justin," she said.



"Thanks.  It was nice meeting you too."


"I hope you will come visit me again, both of you."



"That would be nice," Justin replied.



When they drove away, Justin let out a long breath.  "That went pretty well, don't you think?" he asked.



"Not bad," Brian replied.



"I wouldn't want to do it every day though."


Brian chuckled.  "That makes two of us.  We do seem to be getting better at this in-law thing?" Brian observed.



"In-law?" Justin asked.



"Figure of speech," Brian backtracked.



"Oh sure," Justin grinned.  "Freudian slip?"



"Maybe," Brian admitted.



Justin could barely believe his ears.  That was as close as Brian had ever come to admitting that they were as good as married.  They rode the rest of the way to the loft in silence.  Justin didn't want to say anything to make Brian retract his words.



They packed up Justin's belongings, spent the rest of the afternoon in bed, ordered take-out for dinner, and still arrived at the airport just after seven-thirty.  Justin's flight was about an hour later.



"This was quite a weekend!" Justin said, after he had checked in.



"Did you have a good time?"



"The best!"



"I hope we set a few things right.  That was my goal," Brian said seriously.



"We did!  And thank you," Justin said, linking his arm through Brian's as they headed for security.  "Are you coming to New York next weekend?"



"You bet!"



"Great!  But how can we ever top this weekend?" Justin asked.



"I'll find a way.  I'm becoming very creative in my old age," and they both laughed at the age reference that seemed of so little consequence anymore.

Chapter 23 - Where's Justin by Thyme

 

Where's Justin

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

"Dada!" Gus yelled and barreled through the front doorway and into Brian's waiting arms.



"Hey, Sonny Boy!" Brian responded, scooping up his son.  Gus kissed him, and then he felt the boy straighten up and look over his shoulder.



"Where's Justin?" He asked, a disappointed look on his face.



"He's in New York, Gus," Brian said, trying to be patient.  He was sick to death of that question.  Ever since Justin had come back to Pittsburgh for a visit at the end of February, Gus was even more upset when Justin didn't appear each time his father did.  It was almost enough to make Brian stop coming to see his son.  He had explained to Gus in every possible way that he could think of, that Justin was still away and would be for a while longer.  That never satisfied the little boy whose face would fall and tears would well up.  That was exactly what was happening today.



"Gus," Brian said.  Tear-filled eyes looked up into his hazel ones.  "Gus, are you listening to me?"



"Yes."


"I have something important to talk to you and your mother about, but you have to stop crying and listen very carefully."


"I…want…Justin," Gus choked out the words between sobs.



"I know you do, but you need to listen," Brian replied firmly.



"Okay," Gus said sadly.  Brian could see him gulping for air and trying to control his sobs.



"We need to talk to your mother first.  Are you ready?"



Gus nodded, wiping at his tears.



Brian carried him into the house.  Lindsay gave him a quizzical look as he went past her.  She wondered what was going on.  Brian set Gus down and said, "Go upstairs and wash your face.  We'll talk when you come down."



"Okay, Dada," Gus said, heading up the stairs.



"What's going on, Brian?" Lindsay asked, shaking her head.



"That's what I need to talk to you about," Brian said, then paused trying to gauge Lindsay's probable reaction.



"Tell me, will you?" she demanded.



They had moved into the living room, and Brian sat her down on the sofa.  "Don't freak on me, but I've given this a lot of thought.  I want to take Gus with me to New York this week – to see Justin."  He stopped and waited for her to explode or yell or laugh at him.



"I think that's a great idea," Lindsay smiled.



"You do?"



"Yep.  Gus will love it and I imagine Justin will too."


"You're saying I can do this?" Brian asked in disbelief.



"That's what I'm saying."


"I thought you'd tell me to go take a long walk off a short pier."


Lindsay giggled.  "Nice image!"



"What about Mel?  Will she go for it?"



"I think so," Lindsay said thoughtfully.  "You know how you feel every time Gus gets so upset, when you arrive without Justin?"


Brian nodded.  "It almost makes me feel ill."


"We live with that every day.  He never stops asking about Justin, and it gets harder and harder to distract him."



"So I can tell him?"



Lindsay nodded just as Gus appeared in the doorway, having washed his face.  He looked sad, but better without the tear streaks down his cheeks.



"Come here, Sonny Boy," Brian said gently.



Gus came over to Brian who set him up on his knee.



"Feeling better?" Brian asked.



Gus looked at his father and nodded.



"Good," said Brian.  "Your mother and I have been talking.  How would you like to come to New York with me and see Justin?"



Gus' eyes got very big and his mouth dropped open.  "See Justin?" he asked.



Brian nodded.



"Now?" said Gus, wrapping his arms around Brian's neck.



"No, not now.  Not tomorrow but the next day," Brian explained.



"Go now!" Gus declared.



"Gus, I have to work.  We'll go in two days, if you promise me something," Brian said.



"What?" Gus looked worried.



"That you'll be a good boy, and you'll try not to get upset when we leave Justin in New York."



"Leave him?" Gus asked.



"When we come home."


"Bring Justin too," Gus said, smiling hopefully at Brian.



"No Gus.  He still has to finish his studies."



Gus' face fell.



"Do you still want to go?"



"Yes, Dada."


"Will you try to be good, and brave?"


"Yes, Dada."



Brian looked at Lindsay who smiled encouragement.



"Gus, why don't you give daddy a kiss and thank him for offering to take you on this trip?" Lindsay stated.



Gus kissed his father.  "Mama come too?" he asked Brian.



"No, just us men," Brian replied.



"Oh?"  Gus didn't seem so sure about that.



"Gus," Lindsay said, "why don't you go find what you made for Justin?  You can take it to him."



Gus immediately ran upstairs.



Lindsay said to Brian, "I'll talk to Mel and get Gus organized.  Do you think you're up to traveling with a not quite three year old?"


"I guess I'm going to find out," Brian replied.



"I guess you are!"



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Friday afternoon Brian arrived at Mel and Lindsay's to pick up Gus.  He had left work at noon, picked up his suitcase at the loft, and arrived for Gus just after one.  A taxi was scheduled to pick them up in twenty minute to make their three p.m. flight.



Brian was a little nervous.  He had never traveled far with Gus, especially alone and on a plane.  He was leaving the Jeep with Lindsay who would pick him and Gus up from the airport on Sunday night.  They had decided that saying goodbye to Gus at home would be better than a potential meltdown at the airport.



Brian rang the bell.  When Lindsay opened the door, a small whirlwind flew at Brian.  His father caught Gus as he crashed into him.



"Whoa, Gus!" Brian gasped.  "Take it easy!"



"Dada!  Dada!  Let's go!  I'm ready!" Gus yelled at his father.



"Calm down, Sonny Boy," Brian said evenly.  He picked up his son, hoping that holding on to him would help settle him down.  Gus squirmed in his arms.



"Go see Justin!" he stated emphatically.



"In a few minutes, Gus," Brian said.  "We have to get your coat and your suitcase."


"Okay," said Gus, squirming down.  He ran into the house and reappeared momentarily coat in hand.



"He wanted to put his coat on as soon as he woke up this morning.  He's been ready to go ever since," Lindsay said.



Brian chuckled.  "Didn't he go to daycare?" Brian asked.



"He didn't want to, but we managed to get him there for the morning."



"By the looks of it, you were lucky to get away from him for a while," Brian observed.  "He's a ball of frenetic energy."


"You're telling me!  Are you sure you want to do this?" Lindsay asked.



"No, but I don't think I can back out now."


"You better not!" Melanie said, bringing Gus' suitcase down the stairs.



"Afraid it would interrupt your lezzy weekend?" Brian asked with a smirk.



"Brian!" both women said in unison.



"Okay, okay!" Brian replied.  "I hope that's his only suitcase," Brian observed, remembering all the paraphernalia he had to drag to the loft when he had Gus for even one night.



"That's it," Melanie said.  "We packed light."


"Good!  The taxi should be here any minute," Brian said.  "Have you said goodbye to Gus?"



"He doesn't care about us.  He's fixated on seeing Justin," Mel said.



Brian snorted.  "I thought he'd be crying about leaving his mommies."



"He hasn't left yet," Mel retorted.  "Don't get too cocky!"



"Too easy!" Brian smirked, mentally checking off all the possible responses he could make to a statement like that.



Melanie bristled.  "Have you thought about how Gus' presence is going to curtail your activities with Justin?" she asked sweetly.



"I have.  He has his own adjoining room in the hotel," Brian said smugly.



It was Melanie's turn to snort.  "What makes you think he'll stay there?  You'll never separate him from Justin!"



Brian didn't know how to respond to that.  He intended to fuck Justin's brains out, just like he did every other weekend, but he hadn't thought about the actual logistics of doing that.  "We'll work something out," Brian said, trying to sound confident.



Just then the taxi pulled up and honked.  Brian took Gus' suitcase out and got his own from the Jeep.  Lindsay put on Gus' coat, hat and backpack.  Brian returned to give her the keys to the Jeep and retrieve his son.



Gus kissed his mommies and took Brian's hand.  "Bye," he said.



"Enjoy your weekend, Ladies," Brian said.  He and Gus went down the steps and got into the taxi.



Gus waved and his mothers waved back. The taxi pulled away and the adventure began.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Gus didn't cry in the taxi.  He seemed oblivious to leaving his mothers behind.  Brian wondered if he had any real concept of where he was going, other than to see Justin.  Brian was beginning to think that maybe this would be a piece of cake.



When they arrived at the airport, Gus got out of the taxi, and asked, "Where's Justin?'



"This is the airport, Gus," Brian explained.  "We have to get on a plane and fly to New York to see Justin."  He signaled a redcap to look after their bags.



"Oh," said Gus.  His eyes had gotten very large.  "Dada, you come with me?" he asked.



"Of course, Gus."



"Good."  He looked less like he wanted to cry.



They had arrived at the check-in counter.  Brian had sprung for two seats in first class, thinking Gus would have some room to play and less people to disturb.  Once that was done they went through security and found the first class lounge.



Brian collapsed into a seat.  Gus had been very good so far and Brian was pleased, but doing anything with a toddler wasn't easy.  Gus stood looking at him.



"What?" Brian asked.



"Where's Justin?" Gus asked.



Brian groaned.  "We haven't got on the plane yet."


"Oh," Gus said.  Brian saw those large eyes that often meant that Gus was scared and about to cry.



"Come here, Sonny Boy," Brian said to him.



He helped Gus take off his backpack and coat, and then pulled him up onto his lap.  He gave the little boy a hug and a kiss on his forehead.  "We have to fly on the plane for a while, Gus.  I think Justin will be there to meet us."



"Really?" Gus grinned.



"Really."



'Excuse me, sir.  Would you like a drink?" one of the lounge attendants asked Brian.



"Yeah, double Beam and an apple juice for this one," Brian stated.  "On second thought, make that a Coke for me instead."



"Certainly, sir," the rather pretty young woman said, smiling and fluttering her eyelashes at him.



She returned momentarily with their drinks.



"Here you are, sir," she flirted with Brian.  "What a handsome young man!" she said, setting down Gus' drink.  "He looks just like you," she said to Brian.



"Yeah," Brian responded.  He held the glass for Gus who drank thirstily.



"Where are you headed today?" she asked, trying to make conversation with Brian.



"New York City!" Gus replied proudly, saying each word exactly.



Brian chuckled.



"And what are you going to do in New York City?" she asked him.



"See Justin," Gus replied.



"And who's Justin?"



"My friend!" Gus stated.



"Well, have a good trip, both of you," she said, moving away.



Gus was something else.  Not yet three and he could hold a conversation with a stranger, and help his father fend off unwanted suitors.  Brian smiled to himself.



Their flight was called a few minutes later.  Brian got them settled in their seats.  Another female attendant came to help them.



"Is this your son?" she asked.



"Yes," Brian replied.



"Cute kid!  He looks just like you," she flirted.



"I know."



"Well, if you need anything, let me know."


"Sure," Brian replied.



"You're a real chick magnet, Sonny Boy," Brian said.



"What?" Gus asked, puzzled.



"Let's get you buckled in."  He did up Gus' seatbelt and before long they took off.  Brian held Gus' hand, as the plane picked up speed.  Gus' eyes got very wide again, as he watched out the window.  Finally the plane lifted off and Gus grinned at his father.



"You like flying?" Brian asked.



Gus nodded, watching the ground get smaller and smaller as the plane banked.



"See Justin soon?" Gus asked.



"Not too much longer," Brian told him.



The seatbelt sign went off.  When the stewardess came around, Brian got Gus another apple juice and a bottle of water for himself.  Gus pulled a book out of his backpack and asked Brian to read it to him.  It was a cute story, Thomas the Train, of course.  He could see why Gus liked these stories so much.



When he finished reading, Gus whispered, "Peepee, Dada."



Brian unbuckled him and took him to the lavatory.  It was a little cramped with the two of them in there, but he had to hold Gus up anyway.  It was an interesting undertaking.  Luckily Gus had become pretty accurate with his peeing.



Finally they landed in New York.  Gus had been so quiet and so good.  Brian couldn't get over it.  As he helped Gus put on his coat and backpack, he said, "I'm very proud of you, Gus.  You've been a very good boy.  Are you ready to see Justin?"



"Yes," Gus said, beaming at his father.



"Let's go!"



They walked hand in hand along the jetway.  When they stepped out into the terminal, Gus gazed all around.



"Where's Justin?" he asked, tears welling up in his eyes.



"He's out there," said Brian.  "We have to walk a little way first."


"Are you sure?"



"Yes, I'm sure."


Brian smiled at him.  Gus had been so patient and so hopeful.  At every stage of the trip he had expected to see Justin, and every time he had been disappointed.  Only one more stage was left.  Brian grinned as they walked hand in hand to the security area.  Justin would be on the other side, and he didn't know Gus was coming.  He was going to be so surprised.  Brian had asked him to come to the airport to meet him.  Justin couldn't figure out why, but he had agreed when Brian told him he needed to see him as soon as he landed.  Brian had debated asking Justin to meet them at the hotel, but had decided Justin might arrive early and meet them lying naked and ready for action on the bed.  Now he was glad he had asked Justin to come to the airport.  He didn't think Gus could have taken another disappointment.



They came out of the security area.  Gus stopped and looked all around.  There were a lot of people milling around, waiting for passengers to arrive.



"Justin!" Gus shrieked.  He yanked his hand out of Brian's and took off.  Brian went after him, afraid he'd lose him in the crowd.  He hadn't even spotted Justin yet.  All of a sudden he saw Gus leap and he was in Justin's arms, being swung around.  He was mad at Gus for taking off like that, but one look at the two happy faces in front of him, and he couldn't be mad about anything.



"Justin!  Justin!" Gus was saying.  He patted Justin's face, like he had to feel it to know he was really there.



"I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him coming at me," Justin told Brian.



"He just took off when he spotted you.  I couldn't hold on to him."


"I can't believe he's here, and you didn't tell me."  He kissed Brian on the cheek.



"I expect a better reward later," Brian stated, tongue in cheek.



"You'll get one.  Later," Justin promised.



They claimed their luggage and caught a taxi to the hotel.  It was in downtown Manhattan, close to a lot of things Brian thought Gus, and Justin, would enjoy doing.

Gus sat between the two men in the back seat.  His little hand was firmly ensconced in Justin's, and Brian was sure he had no intention of releasing it any time soon.



They checked in and found their rooms.  Brian helped Gus out of his coat and backpack.  "Are you tired, Gus?" he asked.



"No."



"Maybe you should have a nap."



"No.  Play with Justin," Gus stated firmly.



Justin grinned at Brian.  "I think I'm going to be busy for a while."



Brian grabbed his arm, spun him around and kissed him till they were both breathless.  He whispered in Justin's ear, "I should have fucked you at least three times by now."


"Later," Justin gasped, breaking away.  "Are you hungry, Gus?" he asked.



"Yes."



"Me too.  Let's get some dinner."


It was still daylight, so they decided to walk along the street until they found a restaurant that looked inviting.  After about ten minutes of walking, they found a pleasant looking Italian restaurant and went in.  It looked homey and not pretentious.  Brian wanted something simple for Gus.



"Do you like lasagna, Gus?" Brian asked him.



Gus nodded.  "Mama makes good 'sagna!"



Brian chuckled.  "This won't be the same as Mama's, but I bet you'll like it."


"Okay."



Just then Luigi, as his name tag indicated, appeared.  "Table for two?  Oh, make that three?" he asked, noticing Gus standing between the two men.



"Please," said Justin.



"Cute little boy," Luigi said, smiling and leading them to a booth.  "Would he like a booster seat?"



Gus made a face.



"Bring the booster seat," Brian said.  "Gus, you need to be able to reach, and then you can eat your lasagna all by yourself."



"Okay," Gus agreed.  He climbed into the booster seat.



"I take it the young man is having lasagna?" Luigi asked.



Brian nodded.



"We make the best lasagna!" Luigi stated.  "Good choice!"



Gus smiled up at him.  Brian ordered the penne with vegetables and Justin wanted the all-you-can-eat spaghetti.



"Good choice!" Gus said, smiling at Justin.



They all laughed.  Luigi bustled away, returning with a basket of garlic bread and some water.  Brian ordered red wine for himself and Justin and milk for Gus.  The garlic bread was delicious.  Luigi brought them another basket, as they quickly emptied the first one.



"I like to see good appetites!" Luigi said, setting down the garlic bread.



"You may be sorry you said that," Brian observed.  "You have no idea how much these two can eat."



Luigi laughed.  "Are you folks on holiday?" he asked.



"They're here for the weekend.  I'm doing a course at NYU," Justin told him.



Brian couldn't believe how readily Justin told complete strangers about his life, the exact opposite of what he would do.



"Have you done any sightseeing yet?" Luigi asked.



"We just got here," Brian stated.



"Central Park's about a fifteen minute walk that way," Luigi said, pointing.  "Maybe the little guy would like a carriage ride.  Kids always like the horses."



"Thanks for the tip," Justin said.



Luigi went to check on their dinners.



"That might be fun," Justin said.  "Would you like to see some horses after we finish eating?" he asked Gus.



Gus nodded, his mouth stuffed full of garlic bread.



"He'll do anything you suggest," Brian groaned.



"Too bad his father doesn't do the same."



"What do you mean?"


"When I think of all the things I've had to struggle to get you to do.  It would have been so much easier if you would just give in unconditionally, and do what I say, like Gus."



"You wish!" Brian snorted.  "Although, I think you've pretty much gotten whatever you wanted anyway."


"Everything I want is right here," Justin said, looking from Brian to Gus.



He smiled that beautiful smile that was like a soft caress of sunshine on a wintry day.



Luigi brought their dinners.  Brian cut up Gus' lasagna into bite sized pieces and made him wait till it cooled down.  Luigi brought an extra napkin which Brian tied around Gus' neck like an oversized bib.  Then he handed Gus a spoon and the little boy dug in.  Brian and Justin watched as he inhaled the chunks of lasagna, managing to get most of it into his mouth.  Only a bit ended up on the napkin down his front or on the one in his lap.



Brian and Justin ate more slowly, enjoying each other's company.  Justin was finishing up his second bowl of spaghetti when Gus set down his spoon and said, "Full!"  Just as Luigi appeared, Gus let out a large belch.



Everyone looked at him.  "Sorry," he said.



Luigi chuckled.  "Does that mean you liked it?" he asked.



Gus nodded.  "Good!" he stated.



Luigi smiled at him, and began clearing their dishes.  "More spaghetti, Mister Justin?" he asked.  Justin had introduced them all to Luigi on one of his many trips to the table to check on how they were doing.



"No thanks.  It was delicious, but I think that'll tide me over for now," Justin replied, patting his stomach.



"Me too," Gus said, patting his own tummy.



They chuckled at his imitation of Justin.



"Do you have real Italian gelatos?" Brian asked.

"Certainly do, Mister Brian."


"Could we have a bowl with three scoops?  Make each one a different flavor."



"And three spoons?" Luigi asked.



Brian nodded.



He returned momentarily with the gelato.  It was delicious and they all tasted the different flavors.  Even thought they had thought they were full, the ice cream disappeared quickly.



When they got up to leave, Brian left Luigi a huge tip.  Dinner with Gus wasn't always this easy, but Luigi and his excellent food had made it a pleasurable experience.



"Well, men," Brian said, as they came out of the restaurant, "are you up for a carriage ride in Central Park?"



"Sounds good to me," Justin said.



"Horses!" Gus grinned.



They started walking in the direction Luigi had pointed.  It took them almost half an hour to get there.  Gus insisted on walking, and his little legs couldn't keep up to the usual gait of his father.  He refused to be carried, insisting he was a big boy.  Brian hoped the walk would tire him out.  If he went to sleep, he and Justin could have some big boy time of their own.



It was dark, as they arrived at the park.  They saw horse-drawn carriages lined up on the other side of the street.  Brian carried Gus across.  An elderly black man sat atop the driver's seat of the first carriage in line.



"Would you folks like a ride?" he asked, as they approached.



Brian set Gus down.  He stared at the horse.  The driver stepped down and said to Gus, "This is Daisy.  Would you like to feed her a carrot?"



Gus' eyes got big and he looked at his father.  Brian nodded.



"My name is Tyrone.  What's yours?" he asked Gus.



"Gus.  That's my Dada and Justin," Gus added.



"Nice to meet you all," Tyrone said.  He pulled two pieces of carrot from his pocket.  He said to Gus, "This is how you feed Daisy.  Hold your hand flat with the carrot on it, and she'll take it.  Daisy loves carrots."  He demonstrated what to do, then gave Gus the other piece of carrot.  He made sure Gus' hand was open flat so that Daisy didn't nip him.



Daisy nosed Gus' hand and gobbled up the carrot.  Gus giggled.  "Tickles," he said.



"Daisy likes her nose rubbed too," Tyrone said, showing Gus how to scratch the horse's nose.



"Can't reach," Gus said, his little arm extended as far as it would go.



"May I?" Tyrone asked.



Brian nodded.  Tyrone picked Gus up and Gus reached out tentatively to touch Daisy's nose.



"Don't be afraid," Tyrone said.  "She likes you."


Gus rubbed up and down her nose.  "Smooth," he said.  "Nice Daisy."  Tyrone set him down.



"We'd like a ride around the park," Brian said.



"My pleasure," Tyrone replied.  "Climb in.  There's a robe there to throw over your legs.  It'll take the chill off."



Off they went.  Tyrone gave a running commentary of the various gardens and statues they passed.  He pointed out Strawberry Fields, the spot dedicated to John Lennon.  They passed the lake and saw the swans.  Gus was snuggled in between Brian and Justin.  He hadn't said much for a while.



"I think someone's getting sleepy," Brian said.



"No," said Gus, straightening up.



Justin laughed.  "Wishful thinking," he whispered to Brian.



Brian groaned.



As they climbed out of the carriage at the end of the ride, Tyrone stepped down too.  Justin held Gus' hand while Brian paid Tyrone.



"You have a lovely family there," Tyrone told Brian.



"Yeah, I do," Brian admitted, looking at Gus and Justin.



"You're a lucky man."



"Thanks."



Tyrone turned to Gus.  "You come see me and Daisy anytime, Gus."


Gus nodded.



"Thanks, Tyrone." Justin said, as they headed to the corner to catch a cab.  "What was he saying to you back there?" Justin asked Brian.



"He thinks I'm a lucky man."


"You are!" Justin grinned.



"I hope to get even luckier in a little while," Brian smirked.



Justin giggled.



When they got back to the hotel, Brian ran a bath for Gus and got him out of his clothes.  Gus wanted Justin to come into the bathtub with him.  Justin slipped out of his clothes and stepped into the tub with Gus.  After a bit of splashing, Justin lathered up the little boy and began naming off body parts, as he washed each one.  Brian watched, smiling, in the doorway.



Justin made it a game.  He washed Gus' hand, and then Gus had to wash Justin's hand and say hand.  Next it was Gus' turn.  He washed Justin's arm and said arm.  Justin did the same for him.  They were steadily working their way down, when they were blinded by a flash of light.  Brian had grabbed his camera.



"Brian!" Justin groaned.



"You two are too adorable," he replied.  "I couldn't resist."



"You better not show that to anyone," Justin threatened.  He got back to their game, doing Gus' tummy and calling it stomach.  Gus rubbed Justin's pubic hair, and Justin grinned, looking at Brian, who snapped another picture.



"Hair," said Gus.  Then he looked down at himself.  "No hair," he said.  "Why no hair?"



"You'll get that when you grow up," Justin explained.



"Me grown up!" Gus retorted.



"Almost," Justin conceded, "but you'll get hair later.



"Oh," replied Gus.  "Dada have hair?"  He looked at Brian.

"Dada has hair," Justin stated.  "Dada's a big boy, a big bad boy!"



"Bad?" Gus giggled.



"Very bad!" Justin added.



Gus giggled some more.  Brian set his camera down and plucked his son from the bathtub.  He wrapped him in a big, fluffy towel.  "I think you're clean, Gus.  Let's get you into your pajamas."


Justin dried off and wrapped a towel around his hips, as Brian got Gus ready for bed.  They tucked him in in the middle of the big bed, and bent to give him a kiss.  He grabbed onto each of them and refused to let go.  "Stay," he whimpered.



"We should, Brian," Justin said.  "This is a strange place for him."


They laid on the bed, one on each side of Gus.  Brian rubbed his tummy and Justin babbled about how they'd be right in the next room.  He told Gus how much fun they would have tomorrow, and all the new things he would see.  After a few minutes Gus' eyes closed and his even breathing indicated he was asleep.



They got up quietly and moved to the adjoining room, leaving the door slightly ajar in case Gus needed them.  Brian immediately pushed Justin against the wall and peeled off his towel.  He kissed him ferociously, driving the young man into the wall, and rubbing against Justin's already hard cock.



"I need you … so bad!" Brian gasped.  "I wanted to jump into that tub and eat you alive.  My cock's been hard ever since."



"Mine too.  Didn't you notice the bulge in the towel?"



"I did," Brian gasped, kissing him again.  "I thought I would explode when Gus was washing around your peepee."



"You mean my penis.  We must use correct terminology around the boy."  Justin gasped as Brian's hand closed around his 'correct terminology'.  "Jesus, Brian!" he moaned.  "Fuck me."


Brian shoved him towards the bed.  Justin was fumbling with Brian's fly, and finally freed his pulsating rod.  Brian left his clothes on, not wanting to waste time.  He donned a condom and lube, pushed Justin onto the bed and was inside him in what seemed like one movement.  It was hard and fast, what they both needed after a week of being separated.  It wasn't long until they were at it again, slower and easier.



"Fuck!" Brian gasped, as his second orgasm subsided.  "I needed that.  I needed you!" he said to Justin.



"We need each other," Justin said, snuggling up against him.



Brian chuckled.



"What's funny?" Justin asked.



"I was just thinking.  Melanie as much as told me I wouldn't get any this weekend with Gus around.  Little does she know!"



"She doesn't know how resourceful you are, or how insatiable," Justin added, giggling.



"Thank God!"



"I'm so glad you brought Gus with you," Justin said.  "Thank you."  He gave Brian a delectable kiss.



"You think I did this for you?" Brian asked, tongue in cheek.  "I did it for myself.  He's been driving us all crazy, wanting to know where you are and when you're coming to see him."


"Hey, we should take him to the university.  I could show him my room and the studio.  Then he'd know where I am."


"That's a good idea.  Let's do that Sunday morning," Brian agreed.  "Then maybe he won't cry every time you're not with me when I go to see him."


"Every time?" Justin asked.



"Almost."



"That's awful!"



"You're telling me!  You don't have to deal with it."


"I'm sorry.  But I miss him too."


"I know," Brian said, kissing his partner.  "Gus was so good today.  He promised he would be, if I brought him.  You know, he took to flying right away."


"I bet he'll be a world traveler."


"He can be anything he wants," Brian stated emphatically.



"Damn right!" Justin agreed.



He kissed Brian and hands started exploring.  They needed to get a lot more fucking done before Gus woke up.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Saturday morning Brian wanted to take Gus and Justin to the top of the Empire State Building.  Justin was surprised.  It was the kind of tourist thing that Brian usually detested.


Brian and Justin had been awakened by Gus around 7:30.  The little boy had slept through the night, tired out from the excitement and the long walk to the park.  He had climbed into the bed with the two sleeping men and had kissed them awake.



They had breakfast at the hotel and then took a cab to the Empire State Building.  As they rode up in the elevator, Justin had to ask, "Brian, how come?  You usually hate tourist traps like this."



"I understand you get a great view of the city, and I'd kind of like to see where the World Trade Centre used to be."


"Oh," Justin said, understanding a bit more.



They arrived at the top.  They were both surprised at how enclosed the outer area was, high Plexiglas barriers with wire mesh.  They walked all around, looking out.  Brian held Gus up so he could see.  They used one of the telescopes to look at the former World Trade Centre site, basically a huge hole.



"It gives me goose bumps," Justin said.



"Pretty horrible memories!" Brian admitted.



"Why did you want to see it?"



"I don't know.  I just felt like I needed to."


Justin put his arm around Brian's back.  "Let's go," he said.



"Okay," Brian said, turning away from that site and all it embodied.



When they arrived at street level, Brian said, "I'd like to take Gus to F. A. O. Schwartz."



"Okay with me," Justin said.



"What's F. O. Shorts?" Gus asked.



Brian snorted.  "I could…"



"Brian," Justin cautioned, thinking what Brian might say about that question.



"It's a toy store, Gus," Brian said, deciding to behave himself.



"Toys?"  Gus' eyes lit up.



"The best toy store ever!" Brian bragged.



"Go!" said Gus.



"You don't have to ask him twice," Brian chuckled.



A short taxi ride left them in front of F. A. O. Schwartz.  They walked inside, each holding one of Gus' hands.  Gus' eyes grew larger and larger as he took in all the stuffed animals and Lego creations.  Brian saw a salesclerk and asked if there was a train section.



"Trains!"  Gus jumped up and down.



They were sent off in the right direction.  They passed an area of musical instruments including a large keyboard on the floor.



"Did you ever see 'Big'?" Brian asked Justin.



"What's 'Big'?"



"God, you're young!" Brian groaned.  "It's a movie starring Tom Hanks.  He's an adult who gets turned into a child, but he's still in his adult body.  He comes to F. A. O. Schwartz and dances on a giant keyboard like this."



"Neat!" Justin exclaimed.



"We should rent it some night."


"Sounds good!"



They had arrived at the train section.



"Thomas!" Gus gasped.  He pulled his hands free and ran over to an almost life size inflatable model of Thomas the Train.



"I've got to get a better hold on that kid," Brian said.  "He seems to be able to get away whenever he wants."



Justin laughed.  "He has a one track mind.  There's no stopping him when he sets his mind to something."



"That's for sure!"



Gus had climbed inside the model and it took some coaxing to get him to come out.  There were smaller versions of Thomas all over the place.  Brian promised to buy him one if he would come out.  He finally complied, and they wandered around until Gus decided on the model of Thomas that he wanted.  Brian picked out the latest Thomas the Train book.  Then he saw it!



On a table, a little bigger than a card table, was a small model train racing around its track.  It was made of metal, carefully crafted, and painted with every intricate detail.  Brian was drawn to it like a magnet.  Gus followed him, grabbing hold of Brian's hand.  Brian picked him up so he could see the little train travel around the tracks.  It had bridges and hills and a little town that it passed through.  Gus clapped his hands as he watched.



"Do you like it, Sonny Boy?" Brian asked.



Gus nodded, still staring at the tiny train circling the track.



"It's a lovely model, isn't it?" said a young male salesclerk.  "Would you like to see some of its features?"


Brian and Gus both nodded.



The clerk picked up the control box.  "You work everything with this," he said.  "This stick controls speed, faster or slower, and stop when you pull it all the way back."  He demonstrated.  "This button blows the whistle."  He pushed it and the little train gave out a toot.



Gus giggled his approval.



"This switch will dump the coal car when the train is in the station."  He showed them how it worked.  "This is an excellent quality set, top of the line and beautifully crafted."



"How much?" Brian asked.



"This whole set-up, $1500," he said nonchalantly.



"Thanks for the demonstration," Brian said, turning back to Justin.  "Would you take Gus to the check-out and pay for the stuff he picked out?" Brian asked.



"Sure," Justin said, realizing what Brian was going to do.  "At least it's smaller than the other one you were going to get him," he whispered in Brian's ear.



Justin took Gus' hand and they headed to the check-out.  Brian called the salesclerk over and arranged to have the train set sent to Pittsburgh.  This would be Gus' birthday present.



Brian, Justin and Gus left the store with their bag of Thomas the Train purchases.  The clerk had told Brian there was a nice restaurant a few doors down.  Since it was already after noon, Brian thought this would be a good place for lunch.  However, when they asked Gus what he wanted for lunch, his answer was emphatic, "Hot dog!"  This restaurant did not do anything so plebeian as hot dogs.



They walked farther and farther along the street.  All of the restaurants in this part of town were too upscale to serve hot dogs.  Brian kept asking Gus if he would like a sandwich or some soup or a fucking steak, but the answer was always the same.  "No!  Hot dog!"



Justin could see that Brian was reaching his limit.  This was the first time this really stubborn side of Gus had reared its ugly head this weekend.  Suddenly Justin had a brainwave.  "Let's go back to Central Park," he said to Brian.



Brian was tired and hungry.  "What the fuck for?" he demanded, irritated.  "Are we going to steal some of Daisy's carrots for lunch?"



Justin laughed.  "No!  Just trust me!"



They hailed a cab and Justin told the driver to let them off near the Carousel.  Brian gave him a look, but said nothing.



Near the Carousel was a hot dog vendor just as Justin had expected.  He pointed to the cart.  "Are you nuts?" Brian asked.  "I don't eat at these germ traps."



"Gus wants a hot dog and they're delicious.  There's one near the university that I get lunch from all the time."


"Hot dog!" Gus said.



"Shit!  If Gus gets sick, it's your fault!" Brian stated.



"Don't be such a baby!" Justin retorted.  "Nobody's going to get sick."



"Dada a baby!" Gus giggled, looking at his father.



Brian gave him a withering look, and Gus stopped giggling.  Justin ordered three hot dogs and brought them over to the bench where Brian had taken Gus.



"Mustard on yours, Gus.  That's the way you like it, right?"



Gus nodded, grabbed the hot dog, and started devouring it.



Justin had covered his hot dog in mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut and onions.  He handed a plain hot dog to Brian.  "Since you never eat these, I didn't know what you'd like on it.  You'll have to fix it yourself," Justin said.



Brian took the offered hot dog.  He looked at it like it might bite him.  He was hungry, and this was lunch, so he went back to the cart and got some mustard.  When he turned back to the bench, he stopped and laughed out loud.  There were his two boys gobbling down their hot dogs, faces covered in condiments.



"What?" said Justin.



"A matching pair!" Brian observed.



Justin looked at Gus and grinned.



Brian set his hot dog on the bench and fished his camera out of the F. A. O. Schwartz bag, where he had put it after they left the store.  He snapped pictures of Gus and Justin eating their dogs, faces covered in mustard, and enjoying every minute of it.



"Will you stop!  And eat your dog," Justin complained.



"Eat, Dada!" Gus said, his mouth full.  "Good!"



Brian dropped the camera back in the bag and took a bite of his hot dog.  It wasn't half bad.  Justin had gone to get another one and Gus was about half way through his.



When Justin returned with his second hot dog, most of Brian's had disappeared.  "Not so bad, eh?" Justin observed.



"I was hungry!" Brian retorted.  "What else am I going to get to eat in this god forsaken park?"



Justin almost choked on his dog at Brian's most gracious assessment of lunch.



Brian went back to the vendor and got a coffee for himself and a soda that Gus and Justin could share.  He knew a whole soda would send Gus off the deep end.



Lunch, such as it was, finally finished.  Justin asked Gus if he wanted a ride on the Carousel.  Gus looked at the horses on the merry-go-round, and the few happy children riding them.  It was still early in the season and the cold weather kept the numbers small.



Gus nodded.  "You come with me?" he asked, looking at his father and Justin.



Brian groaned.  "Sure," Justin agreed.



Justin and Gus had side by side horses.  Brian stood beside his son, making sure Gus wouldn't fall.  Gus giggled and laughed, and Justin made faces at him from his horse.  Brian again retrieved his camera.  Justin leaned over to steady Gus, so Brian could back up enough to get a picture of the two of them.  As the Carousel slowed down, Justin got off his horse and snapped a couple of pictures of Brian holding on to Gus.



"More!" Gus demanded.



"I'll hold on to him, if you want to take some pictures from out there," Justin offered.



Brian paid for two more tickets, and got some great shots every time his two boys went by.



"More!" Brian heard Gus saying to Justin.



"Gus, come down here!" his father said sternly, brooking no nonsense.  "Two rides are enough."  He saw tears starting to form.  "Here we go!" Brian thought, looking at his son.  Gus had been too good for too long.  Time for a temper tantrum.



"Gus," Justin said, squatting down in front of the little boy.  "Would you like to go see if we can find Daisy?"



"Yes!" Gus replied, throwing his arms around Justin's neck.  "Find Daisy!"



Brian marveled at Justin's ability to distract his son.  He had just averted a major tantrum and made the little boy happy at the same time.



Justin asked the hot dog vendor how to get to the horse-drawn carriages.  He said it was about a fifteen minute walk and pointed them in the right direction.  They sauntered along, looking at the gardens and birds and squirrels.  They sat on a bench for a while and watched people rollerblade.  It ended up taking them well over an hour to work their way to the carriages.



Tyrone was second in line when they found him.



"Hey, little Gus," he said, "come to feed Daisy?"



Gus nodded.  Tyrone fished out some pieces of carrot.  Brian fished out his camera.  He clicked away as Daisy took the carrot from Gus' hand.  Tyrone held the boy up to scratch Daisy's nose, just like he had done last night.



"Ride, Dada?" Gus asked.



Brian looked skeptical.



"The park looks different in daylight," Tyrone explained.



Brian gave in.  It would be nice to sit for awhile, and Gus wanted to go for a ride.  The park did look different.  They saw lots of things they hadn't been able to see last night.  When their ride was done they decided to go back to the hotel for a rest.  Gus wanted to play with his new Thomas the Train.  Brian and Justin left him playing on his bed, and went to have a little make-out session on their own bed.



"Brian, stop!" Justin gasped, coming up for air.  "We can't do this now.  Gus is in the next room."



Brian groaned.  He knew Justin was right, but he wanted him now.  "What if we took a shower together?" Brian asked hopefully.



"We'll have to tell Gus what we're doing, so he doesn't get scared, if he comes looking for us."



"Okay."



They told Gus they were going to take a shower.

 

"Me too!" he said.



Brian groaned and Justin giggled.  They all piled into the shower together.  Brian couldn't keep his eyes off Justin's dick wagging temptingly in front of him.  They lathered up Gus and each other.  Justin heard Brian groan and step out of the shower.  He wrapped a towel around himself and got one for each of them.



"Are you tired, Gus?" Brian asked hopefully.



"No."



"A nap would be good for you."


"No."



"Shit!" Brian muttered.



"Let's get ready for dinner," Justin said.



"Sure," Brian agreed, knowing he wasn't going to get any time alone with Justin, at least not right now.



They dressed Gus and themselves.  Brian suggested they walk the other way from last night and look for a restaurant.



"'Sagna!" Gus said.



"What?" Justin asked.



"Want 'sagna for dinner!"



"Again?"



Gus nodded.



"You need more variety in your life, Sonny Boy," Brian said.



"'Sagna," was the only response.



"Let's go back to Luigi's.  Gus really liked it," Justin suggested.



Brian gave in.  They walked along to the restaurant and Luigi welcomed them with open arms.



"Gus wants lasagna again," Brian said.



"Of course," Luigi said.  And for you?"



"Do you do a good steak?" Brian asked.



"Of course.  Almost as good as the lasagna."



Brian ordered steak and salad.  Justin had veal piccata.  It was another delicious meal.



"Good choice, Gus," Justin said to the little boy.



Gus grinned at him, still shoveling in his lasagna.



Luigi suggested they walk over to Times Square which was a couple of blocks to the west.  He said there were lots of lights and street performers that Gus would like.  They took his advice.  There were mimes and people pretending to be statues.  There was even someone playing a violin on one corner.  Justin looked at Brian, panic in his eyes.  Of course it wasn't Ethan, but they passed by rather quickly nonetheless.  There were loads of souvenir shops and Brian bought some trinkets that Gus liked, so the little boy could give them to his mothers when he got home.



After an hour or so Gus seemed to be slowing down, so they headed back to the hotel.  Brian hoped he would be ready to go to bed.  They washed his face, put on his pajamas, and laid with him on the bed.  He was asleep in no time.



Brian and Justin slipped off the bed and were out of their clothes by the time they reached their own bed.  Brian flipped Justin's legs up on his shoulders, donned a condom and pressed in.  Justin grabbed the sheets and hung on for dear life.  Brian pounded into him.  As his balls contracted, Brian grabbed Justin's cock and tugged in time with his thrusts.  They both came moments apart.  They lay wrapped around each other, as their breathing cam back to normal.



"I love your dick," Brian stated.



"You do?" Justin giggled.



"I was going nuts with it calling to me in the shower."


"Calling to you?" Justin asked.



"'Suck me!  Suck me!' it said."



Justin giggled.  "Can't you hear it now?"



"You're right," Brian said, and pounced.  He gave Justin one of his famous Kinney blowjobs.  Brian kept shushing him as he cried out his pleasure.



"Fuck, Brian!" Justin said afterward.  "If you want me to be quiet, you shouldn't do that to me."



"Want to return the favor?  I'll show you how to be quiet."


Justin did his best to make Brian vocalize his enjoyment of Justin's technique.  Brian wasn't half as quiet as he thought he was going to be.



They had a most enjoyable night and even got a little sleep.



Brian awoke to a crack of sunlight shining in his eyes.  They hadn't quite shut the drapes completely.  He glanced at the clock which said ten after nine.



"Shit!" he said as he sat up.  "Where's Gus?"  It wasn't like Gus to sleep in.  He'd had them awake before 7:30 yesterday.  Brian bolted out of bed and into the other room.  Gus slept peacefully in the big bed.



"What's wrong?" Justin called sleepily from the other room.



"Nothing.  Sh!" Brian cautioned, as he pulled the door partly closed and returned to their bed.  "I thought something had happened to Gus when I saw what time it was.  He never sleeps this late."


"Guess we tuckered him out," Justin said.

You tuckered me out last night."


Justin giggled.  "You'll be able to brag to Mel about how many times you fucked me, even though Gus was here."


Brian made a face.  His hand crept over to Justin's body and stroked his morning hard-on.  Justin gasped.



"Maybe we shouldn't, Brian.  He might wake up."


Brian slid down under the covers and took Justin's cock into his mouth.  Justin grabbed Brian's hair and held on.  It wasn't long before he came with a long moan and then a big sigh.  When he opened his eyes, Gus stood in the doorway.



"Where's Dada?" he asked.



Brian popped up from under the covers.  "Right here, Sonny Boy.  Did you have a good sleep?"  He gave Justin a lustful leer.



"Yes," Gus replied, watching the two men.



"Come up here," Brian said.



Gus climbed up onto the bed, kissed each of them and sat down between them.



"We have to pack our bags in a little while, and then Justin's going to take us to the university.  You can see where he is while he does his course.  Would you like that?"



Gus nodded.



"I'll show you my paintings too," Justin added.



"Okay," Gus said.  He seemed to be thinking.  All of a sudden he slid over and off the bed.  He scampered into his bedroom and returned in a minute with his backpack.



"I forgot," he said by way of explanation.



"Forgot what?" Brian asked.



Gus handed his backpack to Justin.



"Is this for me?" Justin asked, bewildered.



"Inside!" Gus said and bounced up and down.



Justin opened the backpack and rifled through the Thomas the Train books and a couple of stuffed bears.  Then he saw a piece of paper pressed against the side of the backpack so it didn't get too wrinkled.  It was a picture Gus had drawn, or more accurately scribbled.  Justin could kind of pick out three figures, which one of his mommies had labeled 'Dada, Gus, Justin'.



"Did you draw this?" Justin asked.



Gus nodded.



"It's beautiful," Justin said.  "Can we take it to my room at the university?  I'll hang it up there."



Gus nodded again.



"Come here, partner," Justin said.



Gus crawled up on the bed and Justin gave him a big kiss and a hug.



"Thank you," Justin said.



Brian could see a tear in Justin's eye.  The crude drawing reminded Brian of Justin's drawing of a barely walking Gus being held up by their two hands.  That was the picture that had helped to bring them back together.  He was sure that Justin was thinking the same thing.  Brian leaned over and kissed Justin.  Gus was trapped in the middle and giggled.



"Me too!" he demanded, and they kissed and tickled him mercilessly.  He giggled and giggled.  All of a sudden he stopped, and they stopped, looking at him.  "Peepee!" he said.  Brian recognized that look.  He grabbed Gus and ran to the bathroom, hauling down his pajamas as he went.  They made it just in time.



"That was close," Brian said, coming back into the bedroom.



"You're a good father!" Justin declared.



"Why?  Cause I can make it to the toilet in three seconds flat?"



"Among other things!  How did you know?"


"He gets a look," Brian stated.



"See!  You know him so well," Justin said.



Gus stood behind Brian, taking all this in.



"Hungry, Dada," Gus said.



"Did you wash your hands?" Brian asked.



Gus shook his head.



"Go do it.  You know better."


Gus turned and went back into the bathroom.  They heard the water running.  Brian grinned at Justin.



They got dressed, packed their bags, had breakfast and checked out of the hotel.  They caught a cab and went to Justin's dorm.  They would leave their bags there until they went to the airport.  Justin showed Gus his room and pinned up Gus' picture on his bulletin board.



It was almost noon, as they left to go to Justin's studio area.  They met Dale and Joanne at the front of the building.



"Hi, Brian," Joanne said.  "Is this your son?"



Brian nodded.  "Say hello, Gus."


"Hi," Gus said somewhat shyly.



"He's adorable," Joanne said to Brian.



"Thanks."


"We were heading over to the studio building to show Gus my space," Justin said.  "Want to come with us?"



"We were going to go to lunch," Dale replied.



"Come with us first and lunch is on me," Brian offered.



"Can't turn down a deal like that!" Dale responded.



They spent the next hour visiting Dale's space and Joanne's space and finally Justin's.  He pulled out some of his abstract paintings to show to Gus.



"Nice," Gus said uncertainly.  He appeared to be puzzled.



"What's wrong, Gus?" Justin asked him.



"Where's Dada?" he asked.



"I'm right here, Gus," Brian said from behind him.



"No," Gus replied.  "Where's Dada?" and he pointed at the painting.



Justin laughed.  "I think he wants to know why these aren't pictures of you," Justin said to Brian.  "That's usually what I show him.  This one represents your father," Justin explained, showing Gus the red one called 'My Passion'.



Gus looked at it and then at Justin.  "Don't see Dada," he said.



They all laughed.  Justin picked up his sketchbook.  He flipped it open to his sketch of Brian in his leather pants.  "Is this what you wanted to see, Gus?"



Gus clapped his hands.  "Dada!" he said.  "Nice!"  He gently ran his fingers over Brian's image on the page.



"There's some of you too, Gus," Justin told him.  Justin flipped through a few pages and showed Gus a sketch of him and the snowman they had made when Justin was in Pittsburgh.  Gus laughed and pointed.  The next drawing was of the three of them in the snowball fight they had had that day.



Gus clapped.  "Silly Dada and Justin!"



Everyone laughed.  "That was a fun day," Brian commented.



"Yeah, it was," Justin agreed.  He shut his sketchbook.  "Ready for lunch?" he asked.  "We have to get these two to the airport by four and it's already 1:30."



They went to the sandwich shop they liked near the university.  Dale and Joanne made a big fuss over Gus.  He was the centre of attention.  They took him to the quad after lunch, and they all played nerf football.  Brian would catch the ball, scoop up Gus and run with them both.  They had a great time.



All too soon it was time to go to the airport.  Justin came with them, wanting to have as much time as possible with both of them.  They checked in, checked their luggage and went into the cafeteria for a drink.



"Did you have fun, Gus?" Justin asked as they sat down.



"Yes," Gus replied.  He stared at Justin.  Brian knew he wanted to ask Justin to come with them.



"I'm glad you came to visit me," Justin added, not sure what to say to Gus without upsetting him.



Tears welled up in Gus' eyes.  Both men could see Gus fighting it.  Brian picked him up from his chair and the little boy buried his face in his father's shoulder.



"Gus," Brian said, rubbing the tiny shoulders.



Gus raised his head and hiccupped.



"Oh, Gus!" Brian said, his heart breaking for his son.



"Sorry," Gus said between silent sobs.



"It's all right.  I know you're sad," Brian admitted.



"Gus," Justin said, "I've decided I'm coming to Pittsburgh next weekend.  I'll be able to see you then."



Brian looked at Justin and mouthed, "Are you sure?"



Justin nodded.



"Would you like that, Gus?" Justin asked.



"Yes," he gulped.



"Good, then I'll be there."



Their flight was called.  Justin walked them to the security area.  He kissed Brian and then picked up Gus.  "Will you be all right?" Justin asked.  "Don't be sad, Gus."


Gus kissed him and clung to his neck.  "Love you, Justin," he said.



"I love you too."


He set Gus down.  Brian gave him a quick kiss and he and Gus passed through the screening area.  They turned and waved to Justin.  Gus put his hand back in his father's and they disappeared around a corner.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



The plane landed in Pittsburgh on time.  Gus had been very quiet, but no more crying.  Brian was pleased that the weekend had gone so well, but he wished Gus was a little happier.



As they walked to the exit where Gus' mommies would be waiting, Brian stopped and squatted down to Gus' level.  "I'm very proud of you, Gus," he said.  "You kept all your promises.  You were a very good boy and very brave, but I don't want you to be sad.  We had fun and Justin will see you next weekend.  Have you got a smile for me?"


Gus made a half-hearted smile.  "Sorry I cry," he said.



"I understand."


"Love you, Dada."


"I love you too.  You're mommies are just out there," Brian said, pointing.



Gus smiled a real smile and followed the line of Brian's finger.



"Can you give them a big smile when you see them?  I know they missed you."


Gus nodded, looking much happier.



They walked out and Gus saw his two mothers waiting with big smiles.  He pulled his hand free from Brian's, yelled, "Mama!  Mommy!" and made a beeline for them.



Brian groaned.  He never seemed to be able to hold on to that kid.



Mel and Lindsay kissed and gushed all over their son.  Gus soaked it all up.  Brian stood back and watched.



"You survived!" Lindsay finally said to him, having got her quota of kisses, given and received.



"Yeah," Brian replied.



"Any problems?"



Brian shook his head.



"Looks like Gus had a good time.  How about you?"



"Dandy," Brian said.



Mel carried Gus over to them.  "Gus tells me he brought us presents."


Brian nodded.  "They're in his backpack."


"You're still in one piece," Mel observed.



"Apparently so!"



"You'll have to tell us all about it," Lindsay said.



"I have pictures."


"Did you and Justin get any time together?" Mel asked, giving Brian a knowing look.



Brian shrugged.



"Told you!" Mel retorted.



Brian made a face at her.



"So Gus, did you sleep with Dada and Justin?" Lindsay asked.



"No," Gus said.  "Me big boy."


"Oh!" Mel said, looking at Brian quizzically.



"Me get hair soon!" Gus said out of the blue.



"You have hair, Gus.  What's he talking about?" Mel asked.



Brian snorted.  "I have pictures," he said mysteriously and headed off to claim their luggage.

Chapter 24 - You Look Like Shit by Thyme

 

You Look Like Shit

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss


"You look like shit!"  Cynthia said.



"Fuck you!" Brian retorted.  Trouble was he felt like shit.



Cynthia chuckled.  "I wasn't trying to be nasty.  I just meant that you look awful.  You haven't been up to snuff the last couple of days."



"Got any snuff?  It might help," Brian said, but he knew she was right.  "I've got some kind of bug, scratchy throat, stuffed up," Brian explained.



"Strange," she said.  "I don't think I've ever seen you sick before.  Hung over, wasted, but never ill."


"I'm not fucking ill!" Brian retorted, and then coughed.



"It sure sounds like you are.  It's almost five o'clock.  Why don't you go home early for once?"


"I have too much to do," Brian sighed.



"You've been working late every night for two weeks.  You're running yourself down."


"I'm fine."


"You know that old saying about burning the candle at both ends.  You're wearing yourself out.  You're here till all hours during the week, then you rush off to New York for the weekend.  Do you ever get any rest?" Cynthia asked, genuine concern in her voice.



"Not much," Brian admitted ruefully.  "But I don't need much, never have.  I'm fine.  Don't worry about me."  He coughed again.



"Okay, if you're sure," she said.  She knew she had pushed about as far as she could without making him mad.



"Have Kevin and Jack polished up the presentation for Bedford Furniture?" Brian asked, getting back to work. Again he coughed.



Cynthia watched him, still concerned.  "They're ready.  The print ads are ready to go the magazines.  Mr. Bedford will be here tomorrow to give his final approval."


"Good," Brian said.  "That will be one thing off my plate, provided all goes well."


"Anything else?" Cynthia asked.



"No.  Why don't you take off early tonight?" Brian offered.


"I will if you will."



Brian groaned, then coughed again.  "Maybe I will."


"He really is sick," Cynthia thought as she went back to her desk.  "Men are such stubborn assholes."


A little after six Cynthia heard Brian coughing as he came out of his office.  She was packing up to leave.  Brian had his coat on and briefcase in hand.



"I thought I told you to leave early," Brian said to her.



"This is early," she replied.



He snorted.



"I see you decided to get out of here before midnight," she observed looking at his briefcase.



Brian went to speak, but a fit of coughing took over.



"Brian, I'm glad you're leaving early.  Go home and get some rest," she said gently.



"Sure," Brian replied.  "Good night, Cynthia."


It was pouring rain when Brian drove out of the parking garage, one of those cold, drenching downpours that helped to wash the remnants of winter away.  Brian was deciding which take-out to pick up when he heard thud, thud, thud.  He pulled over to the curb.



"This better not be a fucking flat tire!"  He threatened any god that was listening.


He reached into the back seat, fishing around for his umbrella.  Then he remembered that he had used it at Lindsay's a couple of weeks ago.  He must have left it there.  He stepped out into the pouring rain.  The tires on his side were fine, but the front passenger one was flat as a pancake.



"Fuck!"  He gave it a good kick.  That brought on another round of coughing.  By the time he got back in the Jeep, his hair was soaking wet and was dripping down into his shirt collar.  The shoulders of his coat were soaked through.  He shivered as he dialed the number for AAA on his cell phone.  It took them a half hour to get there.  He had cranked up the heater in the car, but he was still damp and miserable when the tow truck arrived.  The man told him to sit in the truck while he changed the tire.  It was as cold in the truck as it was outside, but at least it wasn't as wet.  He shivered and coughed as he waited for the man to do his job.



When the tire was finally changed, Brian headed for the loft.  The thought of food sickened him.  He just needed to get warm.  He got into the shower immediately, hoping the hot water would take the chill out of his bones.  He felt a little better after the shower, but still couldn't really get warm.  He climbed into bed, wrapped the duvet tight around him and fell into a fitful sleep.



An intermittent ringing awoke him.  He looked around, noting that he had kicked off the covers.  He was hot.  Hadn't he been cold?



"Shit!"  The phone rang again.  He glanced at the clock which registered 12:15.  "Justin?" he said into the phone.



"And hello to you too," Justin replied.  "Where have you been?  It was your turn to call."



"I…um…fell asleep," Brian admitted.



"You?" Justin asked, incredulous.



"Yes, me!" Brian replied testily.  "I'm not a fucking vampire.  I do sleep at night."  He quickly covered the phone, as another cough rattled from his chest.



"Brian … Brian?" he heard Justin saying.



"Yeah."


"What's going on?  Are you all right?"



"Just dandy!"



"Brian?"



"I've got a cold," Brian finally admitted.



"You're sick?"



"I'm never sick.  I just have a little cold."


"Poor baby!" Justin cooed.  "Want Justin to kiss you and make it all better?"



"Please," Brian moaned, then covered the phone to cough again.



"Brian, are you really all right?" Justin asked.  Brian never said please about anything.



"I'll be fine."


"Want a little hand action?  I bet that will fix you right up," Justin whispered seductively.



"Sure."  God, Justin hated that word.



"Brian, I'm worried about you."


"Is that supposed to get me hard?"


"Asshole!  Maybe you should just go back to sleep," Justin suggested.



"Maybe I should," Brian muttered.



Now Justin knew that Brian was really sick.  He would never turn down sex otherwise, even phone sex.



"Brian, do you want me to come to Pittsburgh?  I could catch a flight in the morning," Justin offered.



"It's a fucking cold, Justin!  Don't be stupid!"



"I'm not stupid.  I'm concerned."



"Well, don't be.  I'm going back to sleep and you go back to your homework.  I'll talk to you tomorrow night."  Brian could feel another round of coughing coming on.  "Later," he croaked and hung up as another fit of coughing took over.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian awoke wrapped in the duvet.  He was shivering and his teeth chattered in his head.  If possible, he felt worse than last night.  He struggled out of bed and coughed all the way to the bathroom.  He took his morning piss and turned on the shower.  He hoped a hot shower would warm him up and make him feel better.



Somehow Brian managed to get to work.  He really felt fucking awful, but he had work to do.  He knew he'd have to feel better as the day went on.  He couldn't possibly feel any worse.



"I thought you looked awful yesterday," Cynthia greeted him, "but you look ten times worse today."


"Well, that information just perks me right up!" Brian said sarcastically.  "Do you have any other words of encouragement?"


"Go home, Brian.  You should be in bed."


"Want to come with me?" he snarked.



"Of course not!"  She could feel herself blushing.  He could always get to her.  "You're not going to get much accomplished here, in the shape you're in."


"I've been in worse conditions," he retorted, trying not to cough.



"I've seen a few of them, but they had nothing to do with being sick.  You brought them on entirely of your own doing."



"Yeah," he agreed coughing.



"Go home!  I'll rearrange your schedule."


"I'm okay and I'm already here.  It's just a cold.  I'll be fine."  He coughed again.



"Suit yourself," Cynthia gave in.  "Have you taken anything for this non-illness?"


"No!"



"I'm going to the pharmacy in the lobby.  I'll get you some aspirin and cough syrup, maybe some throat lozenges."



"Don't buy out the whole fucking store!" he told her and stomped off into his office.



"He didn't tell me not to go," Cynthia thought, surprised.  She grabbed her purse and went off to get Brian his over the counter medications.



Brian immediately took some of the aspirin, and the cough medicine helped him get through the rest of the day.  Bedford was pleased with the ads.  That was one thing off Brian's plate.  He wouldn't have to worry about that again until the magazines started coming out.  Then they would have to meet and review the results.



Just before 5 pm he buzzed Cynthia.  "Would you go get me another bottle of cough syrup?"



"Sure," she said.  "Are you stockpiling it?"



"No, I finished the one you got this morning."


"What?"



"The one you got me this morning is empty," he repeated.



"Did you read the instructions on the box?"



"No.  I just took a swig every time I felt like coughing.  That stuff works really well."



"Brian, you're only supposed to take it four times in a twenty-four hour period," she explained.



"Oh," said Brian, "I would have been coughing all day, if I had done that."



"There's a reason for coughing.  It helps to clear the lungs."



"You mean I'm supposed to cough up crap?" Brian asked.



"Yes, if that's what your body needs to do," she responded.  "Christ, you really don't know anything about being sick, do you?"


"I told you.  I'm never sick."



Cynthia snorted.



"Get me a couple of bottles of that stuff, just in case," Brian continued.



Brian went home early again.  He still felt crappy, but the fact he hadn't coughed hardly at all during the day made him hope he was improving.  His head was still stuffy and he had a kind of tightness around his chest.  He was no longer shivering or sweating.  Cynthia said the aspirin helped with that.



When he arrived at the loft, he took a long, hot shower and several more aspirin.  He crawled into bed and fell asleep.  Once again the phone ringing woke him.  It was midnight.



"How are you?" Justin asked immediately.



"Peachy!"  He took a swig of cough syrup so he wouldn't cough all through their conversation.



"You don't sound peachy," Justin warned him.



Brian groaned.  "Well maybe I'm apple-y or pear-y or lime-y or fucking grapefruit-y!"



"Fruity, yeah," Justin giggled.



Brian had to laugh at that and he immediately started coughing.  Christ, his chest felt like it was in a vise.  "Don't make me laugh!" he complained taking another swig of the cough medicine.



"Are you taking anything for this cold?" Justin asked.



"Cynthia got me aspirin and cough syrup."


"That's good, but maybe you should go to the doctor."



"For a cold?  I don't fucking think so!  Besides I don't have a doctor," Brian stated.  "Never needed one."


"You could go to a walk-in clinic or to the doctor who tests you every six months," Justin suggested.



"I'm fine.  Can we talk about something else?"



"Are you going to be well enough to come to my art show this weekend?" Justin asked.



"Shit!  I forgot all about that.  Tomorrow's Friday, isn't it?"


"Yes," Justin replied.  "Maybe you better not come if you don't even know what day of the week it is."



"I'm coming."


"Brian, seriously, are you all stuffed up?" Justin probed.



"Yes, why?"



"Then you probably shouldn't fly."



"Why?"



"You could burst your eardrum from the pressure.  They say the change of pressure is really painful too."


"Really?"



"Yeah, it's bad to fly with a head cold."


"But I'll miss your show … and you!"



"There'll be the big show at the end of the course.  You can see all my stuff then."  Justin tried to be cheerful.



"But I'll miss you."



"I'll miss you too, but you probably should rest."


"I don't want rest.  I want to fuck you!"



Justin giggled.  "You sound like a horny, petulant three year old."



"I don't think three year olds can be horny," Brian stated.



"Only when they're thirty-three!"



"Fuck you!  I'm not thirty-three!"



Justin laughed.  Brian was still testy about the whole age thing.  "I'm going to give you a choice.  Okay?"



"A choice?"


"Yes.  See a doctor and get permission to fly or stay at home."


"What kind of a choice is that?"


"The only one you're getting."


"You're not the boss of me!" Brian retorted.



"Justin chuckled.  "Did you get that one from Gus?"


"Yes," Brian admitted sheepishly.



"Behave yourself!  Now what's it going to be?"


"I'm coming."


"Then you have to see a doctor!"



"Do not!"



"Yes, you do."



"You can't make me."


"Wanna bet?"



"Yeah."


"Okay, what do I get if I win?" Justin demanded.

"A really good fuck," Brian replied.



Justin snorted.  "I get that all the time.  My boyfriend is an excellent lover.  You'll have to do better than that."


Brian chuckled.  "How about a date and the best fuck of your life?"



"Tempting.  Are you sure you can deliver?"



"Asshole!  Of course I'm sure!"  Brian took another shot of the cough medicine, finishing off his second bottle of the day.


"I don't know," Justin mused.  "I guess that'll have to do."


"Twat!  What do I get if you can't make me see a doctor?"



"Hmm.  How about a date and the best fuck of your life?"



"Tempting," said Brian.  "Are you sure you can deliver?"



"Of course I'm sure," Justin responded.



"Sounds like a win/win situation to me," Brian judged.



"Honestly Brian, you should see a doctor.  I don't want you to fly if it's going to damage your ears."


"You think that little bit of fucking sincerity is going to get me to see a doctor?  Think again!"



"I wasn't even trying to talk you into seeing the doctor.  I really mean what I said."


"I'm not going to a doctor!"



"Fine!  Come here and see what happens."


"What do you mean?"


"If you think I'm going to kiss someone who's contagious with God knows what, you're crazy."


"I wouldn't want to give this to you."


"Good, because you won't get that opportunity.  It will be strictly hands off.  No fucking either!"



"What?"



"You heard me!"



"Justin?"  Brian didn't know what to say.  There was no response from the other end of the line.  "Justin?" Brian said again.



"What?"



"If the doctor says it's okay, then we could fuck.  Right?"


"I suppose.  Does that mean you're going to the doctor?"


"I'll go," Brian gave in.

"Good, and you owe me a date and the best fuck of my life."


"Shit!" Brian groaned.  He opened his other bottle of cough syrup.



Justin was tempted to gloat, but he decided he better back off.  He had accomplished his goal of getting Brian to go to the doctor, and he better leave well enough alone.  If he ticked Brian off, he might change his mind.



Brian had taken another gulp of the cough medicine.  "You are a devious shit!" he said.  "You played me like a violin.  Fuck!  Bad analogy!"



"Certainly is," Justin grimaced.  "But you said you were going to the doctor!"



"I'll go to the walk-in clinic in the morning."


"Call me and tell me what the doctor says."


"Okay."


"I love you.  You need to take care of yourself."


"I'll try.  Bye."  Brian ended the call.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian called Justin about 10:30 in the morning.  Justin was working in his studio when his cell phone rang.



"Hey," he answered.



"I hope you're fucking satisfied!" Brian lit into him.



"What happened?"



"I sat in that fucking clinic for over an hour before I saw the fucking doctor.  Do you know there were all these sick people in the waiting room?" Brian whined.



"Brian, you are one of those sick people."


"I am not.  I probably caught something fatal."


"You are such a baby!"



"If I die, it's your fault!"


"You're not going to die."  Justin stifled a laugh.



"You don't know that!" Brian declared.



"What did the doctor say?"


"I'm not coming to New York this weekend."


"Why?  What did he say?"



"I … probably … I probably have pneumonia," Brian groaned.



"Pneumonia?"  Justin was shocked.  He had thought Brian had a cold and was worried about him flying and hurting his ears.  Not pneumonia!  "Brian, how can that be?  You're never sick."


"That's what I kept telling you, but you had to make me go to the doctor.  Now I have pneumonia."



"Brian, going to the doctor didn't give you pneumonia."


"It sure seems like it did!"



"Will you just tell me what the doctor said?" Justin requested.



"He said there's fluid in my lungs.  Called it walking pneumonia, because I'm still walking around.  Isn't that fucking hilarious?"



"Brian, be serious. How did this happen?"


"Here's the fucking irony!  The cough medicine I was taking was suppressing the cough, when what I should have been taking was an expectorant to cough up crap."



"So the cough medicine caused this?"



"Not directly.  I may … um… have taken more of it than I should, but other things like my smoking also added to the problem.  I got drenched in the rain and sat in wet clothes for over an hour.  I've also been working so hard, and I guess I let myself get run down from that and going to New York every weekend to be with you.  Then add in my whole fucking lifestyle.  I'm a recipe for disaster.  The doctor couldn't believe that I'm never sick.  All the drugs must have killed the germs up to now."  Brian groaned and coughed.  It took a lot out of him to talk like that.



"I'm sorry, Brian.  I didn't know that I was adding to your problems."



"Don't even say that!  The trips to New York are just a small piece of the puzzle.  I'm just fucked up, like I've always known."


Justin heard the weariness in Brian's voice.  He didn't want him giving up.  "What did the doctor tell you to do?" he asked, hoping to redirect Brian's thinking to something more positive.



"He's put me on antibiotics.  I'm supposed to get lots of rest and no flying.  I have to stay close to home."


"How long?"



"Antibiotics for two weeks.  I have to stay at home for four or five days.  Lots of sleep and fluids.  By then the drugs should have kicked in and I should start to feel better, at least that's what's supposed to happen."



"Where are you now?"



"At the pharmacy, picking up my stash."



"Don't joke about this.  It's serious."


"I know, but I can't believe this is happening to me."



"Do what the doctor says and take care of yourself."


"I'll try," Brian moaned.  "I wish you were here."


"I could skip my show and fly there."


"Don't you dare!  That would make me really sick.  Just because I'm fucked up, doesn't mean you have to be too.  I'd like you here, but it's not necessary.  I'll be all right."


"If you're sure…"  Justin was torn.  He wanted to attend his art show, but he also wanted to comfort Brian.



"I'm sure.  They just handed me my prescription.  I'm going to go home to my lonely sick bed.  I'll try to get well as quickly as I can."


"Good boy!" Justin encouraged him.  "Later," Justin signed off.



"Later."

  ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss


Justin made a few phone calls as soon as he got off the line with Brian.  He wanted to be in Pittsburgh with his partner, but he knew he was expected to be at the art show.  Therefore, he did the next best thing he could think of.



Brian drove back to the loft.  The doctor had told him he could not go to work for a minimum of four days, preferably five.  That meant that if he counted today and the weekend, he could probably go back to work on Tuesday.  That wasn't too bad.  He'd only miss two days of work.  The doctor said he should start feeling better by then as well.  The antibiotics would have kicked in.



He called Cynthia and told her the score.  He knew she would cover his ass and keep Vance off his case.  He was so thankful that she was there to hold the fort.



He hated not being in New York for Justin's art show, but the doctor had very firmly told him not to go anywhere.  He needed to be at home in bed, lots of sleep and no stress.



He crawled into bed as soon as he had taken one of his antibiotics.  He usually slept very little, but this pneumonia really knocked him out.  He felt weary to the bone, no energy to do anything.  He hoped the constriction around his chest would soon go away.  It bothered him a lot.  It hurt to cough and he was supposed to cough.  The doctor had told him to expect green or brown mucous to start coming up in the next day or two.  That was something to fucking look forward to.



Brian was awakened by the sound of dishes rattling in the loft.  He bolted upright, muttering, "What the fuck!"



"Brian, are you awake?" Debbie's voice called out.



"I am now!  Is that you, Deb?  What the fuck's going on?"



"Sunshine called me and told me that you were sick.  I got Michael's key and I'm warming up some chicken soup I brought for you."



Brian groaned.  If Justin called Debbie, that meant they would all know.  That meant he could look forward to a steady stream of well-meaning visitors and their inane comments.



"What time is it?" Brian asked.



"A little after six."


"Jesus, I slept most of the day away."


"That's good!" Debbie said, coming up the steps with a bowl of soup and some crackers.  She gave Brian the once over.  "Christ, you look like shit!" she told him.



"That makes me feel so much better," Brian said sarcastically.



"Sit up so you can eat your soup."


"I don't want soup.  I was perfectly happy sleeping."


"You need to sleep, but you also need to eat.  How are you going to fight this thing, if you don't feed your body?"



Brian groaned, but he pulled himself up and lodged some pillows behind his back.  Debbie set the tray on his lap.  He took a taste of the soup.  He had to admit it was good, lots of rice and vegetables.  He ate several more spoonfuls as Debbie watched him.



"It's good, Deb," he finally said.



She nodded.  "How do you feel?" she asked.



"Like I look."


Debbie chuckled.  "That bad, eh?"



"Pretty much."


"Are you coughing anything up?" she asked.



"Not yet.  The doctor said it might take a day or two before that begins to happen."


"You should put your head over a pot of steaming water.  Steam helps to loosen everything up."


"No fucking way!"



"It's also good for the complexion," Debbie tried to encourage him.



"Make me look twenty again?"


"I wouldn't go that far."  Brian grimaced.  "But it couldn't hurt.  I'll get Emmett to do that for you tomorrow."


"Emmett?"



"Yeah, we drew up a schedule of who will bring you meals and make sure you take care of yourself."



"Shit!"  They'd all be parading through here.  "I'm going to kill that little fuck.  Why couldn't he keep his mouth shut?"


"Because he loves you.  Justin did what he thought was best," Debbie told Brian.  "He wanted to come look after you himself, but he said you wouldn't let him.  We all know how well you take care of yourself.  You should be grateful that he cares so much about you, and us too."


"I…I am grateful, I guess.  Thanks, Deb!  It's just that I hate this.  I've never been sick and I don't see why I have to start now."


"That's true.  As long as I've known you, I don't think I've ever seen you sick before."  Debbie's eyes twinkled.  "You must be getting old!"  She waited for the reaction.  Brian merely made a face.  That worried Debbie.  "I was only kidding, Brian," she said softly.



"I know, but I feel like I'm a hundred years old.  I hurt all over, especially my chest.  I have no energy.  All I want to do is sleep.  Is this what it's like to be really old?"


"Why are you asking me that?"



Brian snorted.  "No reason."


"Do you really feel that awful?"



"Yes."


"You'll be fine, kiddo.  We'll take care of you."


"That's what I'm afraid of."



"Ungrateful little shit!" Debbie retorted, but she bent over and gave him a kiss on the forehead, before lifting the tray from his lap.  He had managed to polish off the bowl of soup while they were talking.  "Is it time for another pill?" Debbie asked.



"Yeah, after meals."


"I'll get you some water."



She returned momentarily with a bottle of water.  Brian took his pill and snuggled down into his bed.  Debbie couldn't resist pulling the covers up and tucking them around his shoulders.



"Could you set the alarm for midnight, Deb?" Brian asked sleepily.  "I need to take another pill then and I want to call Justin."



"Sure, sweetie.  Emmett will be here in the morning to make sure you have some breakfast.  Sleep tight."



"Thanks, Deb," Brian mumbled, already half asleep.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



"Rise and shine, sleepyhead."



"What the fuck!"  Brian opened one eye to see what looked like a pair of tangerine legs at his eye level.  "Emmett?"



"In the flesh!"



"Shit!  What do you want?"



"I'm here to take care of you this fine morning," Emmett cooed.



"Leave me alone," and Brian pulled the duvet over his head.



"I can see why you want to hide," Emmett commented.  "You look like shit, pardon my French."


Brian groaned.  How many people had told him that already?



"What would you like for breakfast?" Emmett asked.



"Nothing!  Go away!"



"You have to eat something and then take your pill."


"No!"



"I'm making you some toast and juice.  You will eat it and you will like it, thank you very much."


"Shit!" Brian muttered again.  When Emmett got that tone of voice, there was no point arguing with him.  Most people thought Emmett was a flighty queen, but when he put his mind to something he was stronger than any material known to man.  Brian knew he better eat whatever Emmett made, and like it.



"Sit up, sweetie pie," Emmett said, bringing a tray with a glass of juice and a couple of slices of toast.



Brian propped himself up in the bed.  He took the tray and had a couple of bites of the toast.



"Yummy?" Emmett asked.



"Sure.  Plain toast has always been one of my fucking favorites!"



"Well, Debbie told me to make you something that wouldn't upset your stomach, something bland."


"This sure as shit fits the bill."


"Your hair does weird stuff when you sleep," Emmett observed, surveying Brian's head.  "Take your pill when you're done."


Brian patted down some wayward strands, but he didn't imagine that made much of a difference.  He swallowed his pill.  "I need a shower," Brian said, sniffing at his armpit.



"Deb said you should steam.  Let's do that first, then you'll get more steam from the shower.  That should be good for your lungs."


"And just how do I steam?"



"Can you get up?"


"Of course I can get up.  I'm not a paraplegic!"


"Don't get snippy with me, mister, or I may have to take your temperature rectally."


"You wish!"



Emmett blushed.  Annoyed with himself for doing so, he said, "Get up and come out to the table."  He turned and left the bedroom.



Brian got up and went to the bathroom.  He fished out a big, fluffy robe that he had bought from a hotel somewhere.  Emmett had a large pot of steaming water sitting on the table.  Brian sat down in front of it.  Emmett had gone up to the bathroom, and he returned with a towel.



"Put your face over the bowl.  I'll cover your head with the towel, and then just breathe in the steam for four or five minutes."



Brian did as he was told.  Emmett nattered away the whole time.  Brian listened to very little of it, merely grunting when it seemed appropriate.  It was over in no time.  Emmett lifted the towel and smiled at him.



"Makes your complexion just glow!" Emmett told him.



"You mean I don't look like shit anymore?"



"Hmm.  I wouldn't go that far," Emmett stated.



Brian laughed and started to cough.



"Loosen anything up?" Emmett asked.



"Not yet."


"When it does start coming up, you make sure you spit it out," Emmett told him seriously.



"How do you know all this?"



"I took care of my grandmother when she had pneumonia."



"Oh," said Brian.  He always forgot about all the things Emmett had done and all the shit he had to endure back in Mississippi.  That must be what made him so strong.



"Ready for your shower?"



"Emmett, do you think you could change the sheets on the bed while I'm in the shower?  I keep sweating on and off.  They're kind of gross."


"Sure, sweetie," Emmett replied.  "No problem."


Brian went to the shower.  Emmett stripped the bed.  He tried to remember the last time Brian has asked him to do something for him, ordered him lots of times, but rarely asked. Emmett found several sets of clean sheets in a drawer.  He put on a fresh set and had the bed ready when Brian stepped out of the bathroom.



"Thanks, Emmett," Brian said, and sank into the bed.  "I think I need a nap."


"Tired you out?  Well, you have a good sleep.  Ted will be here around noon to get you your lunch."


"Ted?"



"We're all taking a turn.  Have to look after our favorite stud!"



Brian snorted.  "I'm not an invalid."


"We know, but you're not known for taking the best care of yourself, so humor us.  Okay?"


"Okay," Brian agreed.  He snuggled down into the clean sheets.  They felt good.  Emmett couldn't resist tucking him in before he left.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



"Wakey, wakey!"



Brian opened his eyes to see Ted standing over him by the side of the bed.



"Are you the next angel of mercy?" Brian asked.



"That would be me.  I took an hour away from Jerk-at-Work."


"I hope you washed your hands."



"Brian!" Ted whined.  Brian stuck his tongue out at him.  "Are you feeling any better?" Ted asked.  "You look like shit."



Brian groaned.  "Thanks a heap!  What are you making for lunch?"



"Are you hungry?" Ted asked hopefully.  If Brian didn't want to eat, he'd never be able to make him.  He never understood how Debbie and Lindsay and Justin, even Emmett, could always get Brian to do what they wanted.



"I'm not really hungry, but I guess I could eat something."



"Good," Ted replied.  "Debbie left some of her soup.  She said to warm it up and make sure you took your pill afterwards."


"Fine."


Ted bustled away to make the soup.  Brian decided to get up.  He was sick of lying in bed.  He threw on some sweat pants and a sweatshirt and walked down to look out the window.  It seemed like he had been trapped in the loft forever.  It was early spring in Pittsburgh.  He could see that the rain that had thoroughly soaked him the other night had also washed away those ugly blackened patches of ice and snow that still lingered along the streets.  Spring would soon be here, and spring meant that Justin would come home to the loft, to him.  He smiled to himself at that thought.  He hadn't been sure that he could make it, that they could make it.  But Justin's time away was almost over, and he was coming back.  He is coming back; Brian corrected the tense of that last thought.



"Soup's on!" Ted called.



Brian went over to the table, sat down and started eating his soup.  He even had a couple of crackers.



"Are your pills in the bedroom?" Ted asked.  Brian nodded.  "I'll bring one down to you."


Brian finished off the soup and took his pill.  Ted sure wasn't very talkative today.



"Do you want to go back to bed?" Ted asked.



"No, I think I'll sit up for a while," Brian replied.  "You can take off, if you have other things to do."


"Thanks.  Hope you feel better."


Ted was gone before he could blink an eye.  Brian chuckled to himself.  "I bet Ted's relieved that he has done his duty and escaped alive," Brian thought.  "Poor guy always was a little afraid of me."


Brian sat on the couch and turned on the TV.  There was squat to watch on Saturday afternoon.  He shut it off and picked up the latest copy of GQ.  That kept his attention for a little while.  He thought about Justin and wondered how his art show was going.  He had to be there this afternoon and tonight and tomorrow afternoon.



All of a sudden he started coughing.  He felt something gross in his mouth.  He grabbed a Kleenex and wiped it over the thing on his tongue.  He looked at the tissue.  "Fuck!" he said aloud, and then, "Gross!"  The Kleenex contained a glob of greeny, brown disgusting looking shit.  "If that's what's in my lungs, no wonder I feel like this," he thought to himself.



He spent the rest of the afternoon periodically coughing up this revolting phlegm and trying to find something to occupy his mind.  Sometimes it took an awful lot of coughing to get this guck to come up.  It tired him out.  Finally he went back to bed and had barely dozed off, when he heard the loft door being pulled back.



"Which angel of mercy are you this time?" Brian called.



"Vic."


"Hi, Vic…" Brian started to say, when a particularly long and painful bout of coughing began.  Finally, he coughed something up, wiped his mouth and fell back against the pillows, exhausted.  He looked up to see Vic watching him.



"You look like shit!" Vic said.



Brian groaned.  "You didn't catch me in one of my finer moments."



"Are you starting to cough up crap?"



Brian nodded.  "Started this afternoon."


"That's good.  You have to get it out of your lungs before you'll start to feel better."


"Sometimes it really hurts."



"I bet.  Anyway, I'm going to make you some dinner.  You rest until it's ready.  Do you want me to bring it up here or will you come down to the table?"



"Is it more than soup?" Brian asked.



"Chicken and dumplings," Vic replied.



"That sounds good enough to get up for.  Will you eat with me?"


"Sure, if you feel like the company."


"Good.  It's boring here by myself."


Vic had dinner with Brian, who ate most of what was put in front of him.  They had a nice chat, only interrupted a few times by Brian's fits of coughing.  Vic stayed until about 8:30 when he noticed that Brian seemed to be fading.



"Nobody's coming for breakfast tomorrow morning, so be sure you take your pill.  There's juice in the fridge and instant oatmeal on the counter if you want something more substantial," Vic explained.



"I'll be fine," Brian said, wondering if that meant he was on his own from now on.



"Lindsay will be here around noon," Vic answered his musings.



"Thanks, Vic," Brian said, getting back into bed.  He set the alarm for midnight and snuggled down into the covers.  He heard Vic whisper, "Sleep well, Brian," and felt him tuck in the covers around his shoulders.  He could get used to being tucked in every night.



Brian slept pretty well except for a couple of major bouts of coughing.  He took his pills on schedule and even ate a bit of oatmeal.  He had dozed off again, when he heard Lindsay call, "Brian?"



"Up here," he replied.



All of a sudden a little ball of energy landed on him, and Gus yelled, "Dada, Dada!"  That set him off coughing, and he felt Gus shy away and draw back to the edge of the bed.  However, he couldn't stop coughing.  It had to take its course.



When he was finally finished and wiped his mouth, he looked up to see both Lindsay and Melanie staring at him.



"Christ, you look like shit!" Melanie stated.



"Mel!" Lindsay admonished.



"You'll never be famous for your bedside manner!" Brian responded caustically.



"Dada, you sick?" Gus asked in a tiny voice from the far side of the bed.


"A bit, Sonny Boy," Brian said softly.  He realized his coughing spree had scared the little boy.  "Come over here and give me a hug.  I'm better now."


Gus moved closer and tentatively put his arms around Brian's neck.  "Love you, Dada," Gus whispered.



"I love you too," Brian replied, squeezing the tiny body to his aching chest.  "Your hugs make me feel much better."


"Good!" Gus stated kissing Brian's cheek.



"We brought lunch," Lindsay said cheerily.  She and Mel went to the kitchen to get it ready.



Brian sat Gus on his lap in bed.  The little boy asked about Justin, although he didn't make nearly the fuss he used to before Brian took him to see Justin in New York.  They talked about Daisy and Luigi and Tyrone.  Gus had an excellent memory of the trip.



They all ate lunch together at the table, almost like a real family.  Lindsay must have read the riot act to Melanie because she was almost civil and lunch went well.  They stayed for a while after lunch so that Brian could have some time with Gus.



"Michael will be here with your dinner," Lindsay explained as she packed up Gus' stuff.  "We didn't set up a schedule for tomorrow.  Most of us have to work and we thought you might be able to look after yourself by then.  I'm sure Vic will come over if you need anything."



"I'll be fine.  I'm actually feeling a little better.  If I could only stop coughing!" Brian said.



"You need to keep coughing till you clear your lungs."


"Yes, mother."


Lindsay giggled.  "Take care, Brian.  Call Vic or me if you need us."


Brian kissed Lindsay and Gus, and they left.  It was so quiet in the loft without them.  Brian turned on the TV.  Sunday afternoon television was even more pathetic than Saturday afternoon.  Brian got on the internet for a while, but nothing really held his attention.  He wasn't coughing as often, but he seemed to have to cough more and longer to get anything to come up.  He wasn't sure if that was good or bad.  He was supposed to see the doctor on Tuesday morning.  That might mean he would get the all clear to go back to work that day.  He hoped so.  He was feeling somewhat better.  The pressure on his chest had eased, but it still hurt from all the coughing.  Brian paced around the loft.  He was sick of being sick.  He wanted to do something, but he didn't know what that might be.  Finally he stretched out on the couch and fell asleep.



He was dreaming of Justin, naked, and running his hands and his mouth all over Brian's body.  Justin kissed every tender and erotic spot on Brian's body.  He whispered that he loved him the whole time he was doing this.  Brian groaned in anticipation.  He felt Justin caress his shoulders and then grab him and start shaking him.  "Justin?" he moaned.



"Brian, Brian!" he heard a voice repeating.  He opened his eyes to look up into Michael's face.  It was Michael who had been shaking him to wake him up.



"Mikey, what's the matter?"



"I should be asking you that.  I couldn't get you to wake up.  I was getting worried."


"I didn't want to wake up.  I was having a … nice dream."  Brian glanced down at his cock which had obviously been enjoying the dream too.  He moved his hands down to cover his crotch.  He willed his dick to behave.



"I brought dinner," Michael said.



"Aren't you going to tell me I look like shit?  Everybody else has."



"I was thinking it," Michael admitted, "but I didn't want you to feel any worse."


Brian groaned.  What the fuck must he actually look like if everybody felt the need to tell him that?  He sat up quickly which brought on another round of coughing.  When it subsided he was breathless and lightheaded.



Michael looked at him and said, "You do look like shit.  Shouldn't you be in bed?"



"I'm fucking sick of being in bed!"



"Sorry," said Michael, backing off.  "I didn't mean to upset you.  I'm only here to help."


"I know.  I shouldn't be so fucking ungrateful, but I'm starting to get a little shack whacky here!  I still have another whole day of being stuck in here by myself."


"Didn't Lindsay come this morning?"



"Yeah, she brought the whole fucking family!"



"You mean Melanie.  That must have made your day."



"I was glad to see Gus, but Melanie couldn't wait to tell me that I looked like shit.  She really gets off on something like that."


"Ma sent over a casserole, so come eat."  Michael hoped food would put Brian in a better frame of mind.



They sat at the table eating Deb's casserole.  It was delicious like all her food.  There was plenty left over for tomorrow.  Michael stayed with Brian till he started to get tired around nine-thirty.  Brian climbed into bed.



"Don't forget to take your pills, and get better soon," Michael said, giving Brian a kiss.  He tucked the covers around his friend and went home to Ben.



Brian tossed and turned thinking about Justin and his interrupted dream.  At midnight he ate a couple of crackers and took his pill.  He hit Justin's number on the phone, as he crawled back into bed.



"Hey," Justin answered.  Brian could hear the smile in his voice.



"Hey yourself."


"How are you?"



"I think I'm a little better."


"That's good."


"How was the art show?"


"Pretty boring actually."


"Why?"



"It turns out that this is more of a meet and greet for the corporate sponsors than an actual art show."



"What do you mean?"


"This course is subsidized by certain companies.  This show is held so they can bring their families and friends to see the poor starving artists they're helping.  We're supposed to stand by our work and tell them how grateful we are."


"No shit?"



"No shit!"



"That doesn't sound like much fun."


"It wasn't but I guess it's necessary so they can get money to run the course again next year.  I would much rather have been there with you."


"I had a very … um … stimulating dream about you this afternoon."


"Did you now?"



"And what was I doing in this dream?"



"You were naked and doing all kinds of naughty things."


"Such as?"



"Kissing all over my body."


"Even the tip of your cock?"



"Especially there."


"Tell me more!"



"Your hands were everywhere."


"Umm."


Brian knew Justin was stroking himself.  So was he.



"What happened next?" Justin moaned.



"Mikey woke me up."


"Shit!" Justin said.



"My sentiments exactly!  I had such a hard-on.  I tried to cover it up, but I think he knew."


"What did he say?"



"He pretended he didn't see."


"Poor Michael."


"Poor me!  I didn't want to wake up."


"Can we go back to your dream?" Justin asked.



"Sure, but I'll have to make the rest of it up."


"That's okay."


Brian smiled.  "So your hands were everywhere.  You ran them up the inside of my thighs and down to my balls."



"I'm good, aren't I?" Justin teased.



"The best!"



"God, I love this man!" Justin thought.  "What next?" he asked aloud.



"Then your mouth traced the same path and you took my balls into your mouth and sucked."


"Ooh," Justin moaned.



"Are you close?" Brian asked.



"Yes, oh yes!" Justin panted.



"Me too."


"What happened next?"



"You took my cock all the way…down…your…throat."  Brian tugged on his cock with each word.  "Then…I…Came!"  He came in a wrenching orgasm that made him start coughing.



When Justin's own orgasm subsided, he said, "Brian?"



There was no response.



"Brian?"



Silence.



"Shit!  Brian!  Brian, please answer me!"



Finally Brian's voice said, "Justin?"



"Jesus, what happened?  I thought I'd killed you!"



"You can't get rid of me that easily," Brian joked.



"What happened?"



"I started coughing after I came.  I had bodily fluids spewing everywhere."



"Shit!"



"I coughed up more crap than I've gotten rid of all day.  I'm sure my lungs must be clear now.  Maybe I should have had you do this every hour.  I would have been over the pneumonia in one day."



"Briiiaaan!" Justin groaned.



"You have so many talents, Sunshine!"



"I do, don't I?" Justin teased.



"I miss you so much.  I was thinking this afternoon that it's spring and it won't be that much longer before you come home."


"I know.  I can hardly wait."


"Me either."


"You must be getting better.  Between joking and jacking off you almost sound like your old self."


"I'm getting there, but I wish you were here."



"Umm.  Night, Brian.  Later."



"Later."



Brian stared at the ceiling after he hung up the phone.  He knew he wasn't going to sleep anytime soon.  He got up and went to the living room.  Maybe there was a movie he could watch until he felt like sleeping.  He flipped through the channels till he found "Tombstone", the story of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday.  Kurt Russell was always good to look at, but Brian didn't like the mustache he wore for this part.  Val Kilmer, however, was positively riveting as Doc.  He was bad and beautiful and dying of consumption.  Brian waited for the line he loved.



"My hypocrisy (pronounced high-pocrisy) knows no bounds," says Doc.  Brian could identify with that so well.  "And Doc says it proudly, just like I would," Brian thought.  "So much of my life I've pretended things – to make life bearable, to avoid facing unpleasant truths, to keep me alive and surviving.  And until Justin I didn't even know I was pretending.  Then he came along and he could see through all the hypocrisy and he loved me anyway.  And I love him too."



Brian sighed and watched some more of the movie until Doc died.  Doc wanted to die with his boots on, but he was flat on his back in a hospital bed.  That was no way for a hero to die.  Brian switched off the TV and went back to bed.



Life sucked sometimes.  And then there was Justin!  His Justin, his golden boy, his only Sunshine!  Fuck, he missed him!



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Nobody woke him up Monday morning.  He had slept for a few hours and hadn't coughed.  When he finally woke around 9:30, he got some juice and took his pill.  It was kind of lonely without someone bringing him food and checking up on him.  He had almost come to like them hovering nearby.  Fuck, he was getting soft!



Justin made him soft and warm and safe and happy and complete.



Even in his head he sounded like a silly schoolgirl with a crush, especially the soft part.  Justin wouldn't like that.  He grinned.  He didn't care, because it was all true.  No one had ever made him feel like Justin did.  In fact few people had been able to get to him and make him feel anything at all.  He had studiously refused to allow feelings to be part of his world.  Things were much easier when feelings were eliminated.  Only now he didn't want to eliminate his feelings for Justin.  He merely wanted to feel them.  Then he could be warm and safe and happy and complete.



He shook his head in wonderment at his own thoughts.



"Take a shower, Kinney," he told himself, "and try to get a grip."



He finished his juice and went back up to the bathroom.  He took a long, hot shower, lots of steam.  This should help him cough up the last of whatever was left in his lungs.  Not much came out.  He hoped that was because it was all gone.



He straightened his hair and wrapped a towel around his hips.  He turned to go out into the bedroom.



"Justin!" he gasped, the breath leaving his body in a rush.



"Happy to see me?" Justin beamed.



"How did you get here?"



"Early morning flight."


"How?  Why?"



"I needed to see you, be sure you're all right.  I thought you might need to see me too."


"I do."  Brian took a step toward Justin, and then he was in his arms and they were kissing and everything was so right.



"I wanted to ask you to come, so much, but you have your own life and responsibilities," Brian whispered against Justin's hair.



"My life and responsibility is here with you."


"I love you," Brian declared.  "I've been so miserable."


"You don't look miserable.  You look great," Justin said smiling up at him.



"Aren't you going to tell me I look like shit?  Everybody else has."


"You don't look like shit.  You look great, Brian.  You always look great!"



"In your eyes!"



"In my eyes."



Brian scooped him against his chest, and everything was right with the world.

Chapter 25 - For Future Consideration by Thyme

 

For Future Consideration

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Brian and Justin had just finished making love for the second time since Justin's surprise visit to Pittsburgh.  They lay wrapped together savoring these moments they could share.



"How long can you stay?" Brian asked.



"I should go back Tuesday night, especially if you're going back to work."



"I was going to go back to work on Tuesday, if the doctor gave me the go ahead."


"Do you have to?"


"Got something better for me to do?" Brian asked with a grin.



"I can think of a few things."


Brian hugged his Sunshine to his chest.  He had been starting to feel better, but now he felt great.  He didn't care what the doctor said on Tuesday, he was spending the day with Justin.  Fuck work!



"What do you want to do tomorrow?" Brian asked.



"This is good."  Justin grinned.



"You are so easy!"



"Am not!"



"Are so!"



"Did you just call me an asshole?" Justin asked.



Brian chuckled.  "Sounded more like arsehole," he replied.



"Same difference," Justin giggled.



"I've missed you, laying here like this and joking around.  Since I got sick it's been so lonely and boring being trapped in here all by myself."


"Didn't you have some visitors?" Justin asked sweetly.



"I certainly did.  I was ready to fucking kill you when they first started showing up."



"And then?"



"I kind of got used to them."


"Really?"  Justin was surprised.



"Yeah.  It broke up the day.  They all seemed to want to tuck me in.  I got so I kind of liked it."



"You're very tuckable," Justin said softly and smiled at him.



"Why are you smiling?"



"No reason."  Justin was thinking that Brian probably never got tucked in as a little boy.  That was just another thing that he had likely been deprived of as a child.  "I love you," Justin said, kissing him.



"Hey!" Brian said.  "Want to reenact that dream I was telling you about on the phone yesterday?"


"Sure!  I'm already naked."


Brian chuckled.  "Told you you were easy."


"Lucky for you!"



"Very lucky for me!  Let's see.  You were naked and you were kissing me everywhere."


"I can do that," Justin stated.



"What are you waiting for?"



Justin began kissing him, light feathery kisses, all over his body.  He made sure to kiss the spots he knew particularly turned Brian on, the hollow of his neck, around his navel, the left earlobe, his nipples, inside his right thigh, the tip of his cock.  There were so many delicious places and so little time.



Brian moaned.  Justin could see his cock stiffening and lengthening.  He stopped kissing and gazed into Brian's eyes.



"Wasn't there something about hands in that dream?" he asked, lust in his eyes.



"Hands, fingers, lips, legs, tongues, aah!" Brian gasped, as Justin's hands roamed willfully wherever they wanted, while his mouth encircled the tip of his cock.



Justin sucked on the head, then ran his tongue under the cap and gently probed there.



"Aaaahhh!' Brian gasped again.



Justin sucked harder and took more of the heavy cock into his mouth.



"Ah, ah, ah!" Brian moaned, writhing.



Suddenly Brian grabbed Justin's hair and held on.  He began to cough, deep and wracking sounds coming from his chest.  Justin thought it would never stop.  There was nothing he could do but wait and worry.  Finally Brian stopped coughing and wiped his mouth.  He fell back against the pillows and gasped for air.



"Brian?" Justin said softly, his voice full of concern.



"Fuck!" Brian gasped.



"Are you all right?"  Justin looked at him from troubled blue eyes.



"Do I fucking sound like I'm all right?" Brian spat out.



"I'm…I'm sorry.  I guess we overdid it."


"You think?  This is what it has been like for the last few days, so you might as well get used to it."



"But I thought you were better."



"So did I, but I guess I'm not as over it as I thought."



"I'm sorry," Justin said again, running his hand over Brian's chest.



"Me too!" Brian agreed, looking down at his flaccid cock.



Justin followed Brian's line of sight.  He reached for the cock, planning to work his magic once again.



"Leave me alone!" Brian said.  He pushed Justin's hand away and rolled over so his back was to the boy.  He pulled the duvet up over his shoulders and buried his face in the pillow.



"Brian?" Justin's tentative voice asked.



"Fucking leave me alone!"



"I can't.  I won't.  I love you."



"So what?  I'm useless.  Can't even keep it up."


"You're still sick."


"Let it go, Justin."


"I can't.  I love you."


Justin snuggled down under the duvet and pressed his chest against Brian's back.  He felt Brian pull away, but he just moved closer and snuggled up again.  Brian sighed, then Justin felt him relax back into Justin's body.  Justin sighed too and caressed Brian's hip.  He didn't say anything more, just stayed in contact with Brian's body and ran his hand along the slender frame that he loved.



"I love you," Justin whispered again.



"I know," Brian replied, "but at the moment that doesn't make me feel any better."


Justin merely kissed his shoulder and kept running his hand along Brian's side.  He felt Brian sigh again.  He pulled the duvet snug under Brian's chin, effectively tucking him in.  After a few minutes he could tell by Brian's even breathing that he was asleep.



Once Brian had settled, Justin got out of bed and threw on his clothes.  He went down to the windows and looked out at Pittsburgh.  He thought he had done the right thing by surprising Brian, and Brian had been happy to see him.  But now, Brian felt awful and Justin felt worse for having made him feel that way.



"Shit!" Justin muttered.  "This was supposed to be a good thing!"



He turned away from the window and looked up at Brian's sleeping form.  It was almost one o'clock, so he decided to make some lunch for them.  As he suspected there was little in the fridge, unless he wanted to dine on water or poppers.  He noticed a casserole dish on the bottom shelf.  "Must be Deb's," Justin mused.



He took it out, smelled it and decided to reheat it for lunch.  He put it in the oven and went over to sit on the couch.  He realized that in a few weeks he would be coming back here to live.  He glanced up at Brian in their bed.  Brian would never be easy to live with.  That was the nature of the beast.



Justin sighed.  He knew he had changed since he had been in New York.  He knew the changes were for the better, but what he didn't know was if Brian would see it that way.  He felt so much more grown up, like he was finally an adult.  He had lived alone for really the first time in his life.  He had made new friends, improved his art and made decisions on his own.  He had grown to like his independence.  Aside from that incident with Noel he had taken care of himself and proved, at least to himself, that he could.



He still loved Brian, always would, of that he was sure.  But how would Brian take to this new Justin, this older and wiser Justin, this independent Justin?  He shook his head.  Brian had made him go to New York.  He had wanted Justin to seize the opportunity and experience life.  Justin had done that, and he had to admit that he had enjoyed it.  Would Brian still need and want and love this different Justin who would come home in a few short weeks.



That was the million dollar question!  They couldn't go back to the way things had been, because he wasn't the same.  What did that mean to their relationship?



"Hey!" he heard Brian say.  He was standing at the top of the steps to the bedroom, wearing his sweats.



"Hey," Justin responded, standing up.



"I smelled something good," Brian said by way of explanation.



"I found the remnants of a casserole, so I put it in the oven to heat up.  Want some?"


"I could be persuaded."


"Sit down and I'll get it out of the oven."


Brian sat at the table and Justin brought the casserole to him.  He dished out some for each of them.  Brian watched him.



"I'm sorry," Brian said in a barely audible whisper.



"I know," Justin said, taking a bite of the casserole.



Brian took a bite, looking at Justin as he did so.  "I didn't mean to ruin your surprise.  I'm glad you're here."


"That's good."


"Justin, what's wrong?  Is it what just happened between us?"


"Not really.  I … I was thinking about how things are different now, about how I'm different."


"Different?" Brian asked.



"I don't know if we should get into this right now."



"Into what?'



Justin sighed.  "I was thinking about how I've changed since I went to New York.  I was wondering what it will be like when I come back here after the course."



"Won't it be the same?" Brian asked, looking worried.



"I don't think so.  I'm not the same.  You wanted me to experience things and meet new people, and I have."


"You've met someone?" Brian asked, now looking really worried.



"No, you twat!  I love you!  But I know I'm different from the teenager that left here four months ago."


"Different how?"



"I feel more grown up, like I can look after myself."


"That's good, isn't it?"


"Yes, but what does that mean to us?"


"Us?"



"I just mean that I'm not sure where we'll stand when I come back."


"Am I missing something?" Brian asked.  "You are coming back…here.  You still love me.  I love you.  What's the problem?"


Justin sighed.  He didn't really know how to answer that question.  He just knew it would be different somehow.


Brian waited, puzzled by Justin's silence.  He could see the boy thinking, trying to find a way to explain what he meant.  "Justin, can't we just live it and let things happen?" Brian asked simply.



"Mr. Go-With-the-Flow?" Justin teased him.



"I try, even if it's not my nature."


"I know you do.  I guess I'm trying to prepare you for a new and improved version of me when I come back."


"I like the old version," Brian began.  He saw Justin's face fall at these words.  "But I'm sure I'll like the new, improved version even more."


Justin's face lit up.  "Have I told you lately that I love you?" he asked.



"I think you did a while ago in bed."  Brian said and made a face.  "I shouldn't have told you to leave me alone.  I appreciate you coming here."


"It's about time you did!" Justin stated.  "Ungrateful wretch!" Justin teased.  He stood up and started stacking the dishes to clear the table.



As he reached over to collect Brian's plate, Brian grabbed his wrist and gently pulled him around the table and onto his lap.  He nuzzled Justin's neck and the boy giggled.  "I want to have my way with you again!" Brian whispered.



"Hmm, seems to me that you owe me a date and the best fuck of my life, if I remember correctly."


Brian groaned.  "Can't you give a sick man a break?"



"I didn't mean you had to do it right now."


"Good, because I'm not sure I could do it right now, although I do seem to be getting up for it."


Justin could feel Brian's cock stiffen under his butt cheeks.



"Must be my best feature having its usual effect on you."  Justin squirmed around on Brian's knee, making sure his bum rubbed deliciously over Brian's growing hard-on.



"Um," Brian groaned.  "That bottom of yours will be the death of me."


"We don't have to do anything, Brian," Justin said seriously, afraid his actions might trigger another coughing fit.



Brian wrapped his arms around Justin's waist and pulled him closer to kiss him.  Justin's body molded into Brian's, his arms went around Brian's neck and his fingers pressed into Brian's scalp forcing their lips together.  Brian's hand slid around to Justin's crotch and groped his cock through his cargo pants.  They each groaned as they stopped kissing in order to take a deep breath.  Brian stood them up, grabbed Justin's hand and pulled him towards the bed.  Justin hung back.



"Are you sure?" he asked Brian.



"I'd carry you, only I haven't been myself lately," Brian said, tongue in cheek.



Justin giggled and snaked his arm around Brian's hips.



They undressed each other, stopping for kisses after each garment.  Brian pushed Justin onto his stomach, lubed his waiting hole with eager fingers and shoved his latex covered dick into that warm, soft tunnel.  Justin pushed back and Brian was fully impaled.  Brian began deep, slow thrusts, driving as far into his lover as he could go.



The rhythm they established suited them both.  They were so in tune with each other, with each other's needs, with the movements that drove the other one crazy.  They rocked against each other, spiraling toward orgasm.  They moaned, they grunted, they yelled, they groaned, they called out each other's name, they came!



When they were done, they lay cradled in each other's arms.  Justin kissed Brian's mouth and said, "That was awesome … for a sick guy."


Brian snorted.  "That was fucking awesome for any guy!  In fact that may be the best fuck of your life."



Justin laughed.  "That was good, very good in fact, but you're not getting out of the bet that easily."



"You think that was easy?"  Brian grinned at him.



"It was definitely one of your better ones, our better ones, but I'm not sure it qualifies as the best."



"And here I said you were easy," Brian smiled.



"I'm very demanding about certain things."


"So I see."


"So what are you going to do about it?"


"We could try again."



Justin felt Brian's cock jerk against his groin.



"Brian, I … I … I don't want you to overdo it.  Remember what happened a little while ago."  There was concern in Justin's voice.



"I'm trying to forget."


"We still have the rest of today and all tomorrow.  And the rest of our lives if you need it," Justin said with a twinkle in his eye.



"Twat!"  Brian smacked his bum.



"Perfection is a hard thing to achieve."


"Speaking of hard things…"  Brian's hand wrapped around Justin's stiffening rod.



"Brian!" Justin warned, worried about Brian's stamina.



"Oh, all right.  Lie here next to me and we'll just fool around."



"Brian?"



"How come you fit so perfectly against me when you're so short?" Brian asked, hoping to distract Justin by changing the subject.



"I'm not short!  You're tall."


"So how come?"


"Because we were made for each other."


Brian snorted.



"Don't you believe that?" Justin asked, pushing back from Brian's body to be able to look into his eyes.



"That's romantic drivel," Brian responded.



"No!  It's not!" Justin replied, staring into Brian's eyes.  "I'm positive we were destined to be together.  It couldn't be any other way."



"How can you possibly know that?"



"I just do."


Brian looked at this wonderful creature who had come into his life and turned everything upside down, who had made him reassess everything he did and everything he believed in.  If they weren't fated to be together from the first moment Brian had been drawn to him under that lamppost on Liberty Avenue, then why had everything changed … for the better?  Why did his world revolve around this golden sun?



"I guess you're right," Brian said softly.



Justin stared at him.  He hadn't expected Brian to agree with him.  He was the one who believed in destiny and eternal love.  Did that simple statement mean that Brian believed it too?



"Justin, why are you staring at me?"


"Sometimes you amaze me, and it proves why I love you so much," Justin replied.  He kissed Brian's chin and then his luscious lips.  He could feel his cock rubbing against Brian's, and he wanted this man so badly.



"I want to fuck you," Justin whispered between kisses.



"Don't think I'm up to doing you?" Brian grinned at him.  Justin was glad to see the anger over their previous problem was gone.



"Oh, you're up all right!"  Justin gave Brian's cock a playful tug.  "But I want to be inside of you."


"I await your pleasuring of me, kind sir," Brian said in a pitiful British accent, and flung his arms out to the side in surrender.



Justin chuckled.  "I never said I'd be kind."  He shoved Brian roughly over onto his stomach.



"Hey, take it easy, macho man!" Brian teased.



"I'm going to show you how it's done!" Justin bragged.



Brian snorted.  "Begin the lesson!" he commanded.



"Ready, willing and able!" Justin stated.  He began kissing Brian's neck and shoulders.  Brian shifted around to capture a kiss on the lips, his tongue probing into his lover's mouth.  He moaned in satisfaction.  Every part of his little boy was so tempting, so delicious.



Justin finished the kiss and pushed him back onto his stomach.  He kissed down Brian's spine to the crack of his ass. He pressed the cheeks apart and looked at the rosy pucker he intended to claim.  He squeezed Brian's cheeks and blew over the pucker.  Brian squirmed.  He licked along Brian's crack and over the pucker.  It spasmed a welcome.



"Like that?" Justin asked, smiling.



"Mmm."


Justin's tongue began to open Brian's hole.  Little by little he sent his tongue deeper and deeper into his lover.  He felt Brian tense and relax and allow the hole to open to his ministrations.  Then Brian pushed back, wanting more.



"Ready?" Justin asked.



"Mmm."


Justin donned a condom, lubed it and drove into his partner.  Brian's head flew up and he keened his pleasure and surprise at the sudden onslaught.  "Justin!" he yelled.



"Right thing to say!" Justin yelled back at him.  He pounded into Brian's tight channel.



"Oh, God!  Justin!"  Brian gripped the sheet and held on as best he could.



Justin continued the assault, his mouth falling open as he gasped for air.  He felt the first tinglings of orgasm, but he tried to push that back, not ready for this to come to its inevitable conclusion just yet.  He paused for a moment and got a better grip on Brian's hips.  Then he renewed his onslaught, driving towards the release he knew would be explosive.  Sweat dripped into his eyes as he continued to pound against Brian's ass.



"Fuck!" he heard Brian groan.  "Oh, fuck!"  His lover screamed, "Justin, Fuck!!!!"  Brian came and came and came.  His hole contracted around Justin's cock.  Justin had been trying to wait, to prolong the pleasure, but this set him off.  He yelled, "Yes!!!" at the top of his lungs, and rode the waves of ecstasy as they swept through his being.  He collapsed on top of Brian, both he and his dick spent.



After a minute or two, or a day or two, or a lifetime or two, Justin pulled out of Brian and rolled onto his back.  He lay staring up at the ceiling.  He felt Brian turn over and he knew the man was looking at him.



"Jesus, Justin!" Brian gasped.  "I'm a sick man.  Are you trying to kill me?"


Justin giggled.  "Don't give me that.  You loved every minute of it."


"Yeah, I did," Brian admitted.



"I'm not sure what I was trying to do," Justin said seriously, "maybe trying to show you how I've changed."  He turned his eyes to look at Brian, silently asking if he understood what had just happened.



"Whatever you were doing, it was pretty fantastic."



"You're not upset?"  Justin turned onto his side and ran his palm over Brian's chest, caressing the nipples that stood up to his attentions.



"Why would I be upset?"



"I felt like I was asserting myself.  I'm not a nelly bottom."


"You've never been a nelly bottom.  The first time we were together, you told me you were a top … and a bottom.  You were right."


Justin giggled.  "I didn't even know what you were asking me.  I was such a stupid kid!" Justin said ruefully.



"Not stupid!  Never stupid!" Brian stated emphatically.  "You were naïve, but it was also the truth.  I've always known you were a natural top."  Brian looked at his Sunshine.  "But I always thought you liked bottoming for me."


"I do.  I always have and I always will.  But now the question is, do you like bottoming for me?"



"Only for you!"  Brian smiled at him.



"That's why we're so good together."



"We are, aren't we?" Brian said seriously.



"Perfect!" Justin agreed.  "I should go get some food, so I can make you some dinner," Justin said.



"That's the other reason we're so good together.  You cook and I don't."



Justin gave him a little swat on the arm.  "Somebody has to look after you."



"Let's order in.  I don't want you leaving me for even a minute."


"I don't think doctors recommend take-out for their patients."



"We can order something healthy."


"Okay, you talked me into it."



They ended up ordering Italian, thinking that pasta was easily digestible.  They sat side by side on the couch, listening to some soft jazz and talking about what had to be done before Justin would return to Pittsburgh permanently.  Justin had a final art project to complete, and the big art show at the end of the course.  That was in three weeks.  Brian also had a lot of work to do.  Missing these three days would put him far behind.



"What time do you have to see the doctor tomorrow?" Justin asked.



"I have the first appointment of the day."


"I'll go with you," Justin suggested, "if you want."


"Good.  You can fend off all the sick people in the waiting room."


Justin giggled at Brian's phobia of waiting rooms full of sick people.  "Do you think the doctor will give you the all clear?"


"He better.  I hardly cough anymore, except for that incident in bed."


"That's the only time I've seen you cough since I've been here," Justin observed.  "Do your lungs feel clear?"


"How the fuck do I know?  I didn't know they were clogged."


"I just wondered if they felt … you know … better," Justin explained.


"At the beginning it felt like a fucking vise was compressing my chest.  It was hard to breathe."


"But now that feeling's gone.  Right?"


"Yeah, thank the fucking stars!"



"You certainly sound more like yourself," Justin teased him.



Justin and Brian finished eating, and cleaned up the remnants of their meal.



"What do you want to do now?" Justin asked.



"I'd like to get out of this fucking apartment, but I'm supposed to stay put until I see the doctor tomorrow."


"TV?" Justin asked.

"I guess so."


They spent the rest of the evening watching an old mystery movie called "The Jagged Edge".  They also spent a lot of time kissing.  Justin leaned into Brian's body, content to rest against the strong chest, but periodically he had to turn for a kiss from those delectable lips.  And just as often Brian would lean forward to claim Justin's sweet lips in a kiss of his own.  There were several scary bits, especially at the end, where Justin would jump, and Brian would have to kiss him to calm and reassure him.  At least that was the rationale he used.  By the time the movie was over they were both aroused.



Brian led Justin up to the bed and did his damnedest to demonstrate and convince Justin that this was the best fuck of his life.  He prolonged orgasm until he had Justin panting and begging for release.  He brought them both to the edge, then backed off several times.  When they were done Justin declared it fabulous, and probably the longest fuck they had ever had, but he wasn't convinced that it was the best.



"I guess I don't need to worry about your stamina anymore," Justin said, wiping his hand across Brian's sweaty brow.



Brian snorted.  "How am I going to pay off this bet, if you never admit that a fuck is the best?"



"I never said how we were going to define 'best', and we can work on it for a long, long, long, long time."  Justin grinned at him.



"Oh, so it's just a ploy to get gratuitous sex whenever you want it?" Brian challenged.



"Yes," Justin said sweetly.  "Very excellent sex too!"



"Twat," Brian chuckled and gave him a swat on the butt.



Justin kissed him and rested his cheek on Brian's chest.  "I'm sure the doctor is going to say you're fine tomorrow.  You seem so much better."


"I feel better.  You make me feel better."


Justin smiled.  "So can we go on a date tomorrow night?"


"I thought you were going back tomorrow night."


"I've been thinking.  If I caught an early morning flight on Wednesday, I'd only miss one class.  Then we could spend all day … and night together tomorrow.  How does that sound?"


"Fabulous!  I am so ready to get out of here."


"Cabin fever?"


"Big time!  Where do you want to go on your date?"


"Surprise me."


"Hmm."  Brian seemed to be weighing possible choices, and then a trace of a smile played over his lips.



"What are you planning?"


"Not telling!  You said to surprise you."


"Then maybe we should get some rest.  I don’t want any relapses."

Brian made a face.  "Me either."


They snuggled down in the bed, spooning together.  Justin was thinking how well they did fit together and wondering where Brian would take him on his date.  Brian noted again how well they fit together and then began planning tomorrow night's date in his head.  He had an idea of how he would finally give Justin the best fuck of his life.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



When they awoke the next morning, neither of them could believe how well they had slept.  Brian was sure it was all the exercise that they had had in bed, coupled with the last remnants of being sick.  Justin was sure it was all the exercise they had had in bed, coupled with worry about Brian's health.



They went to the doctor early to be sure they were the first patient of the day.  Brian wanted to get that over with quickly.  The doctor said Brian's lungs sounded clear, and said he could go back to work.  He also warned him to get plenty of rest and make sure he finished the rest of his prescription of antibiotics.



Brian had called Cynthia to say that he would be in tomorrow, so they had the rest of the day to themselves.  They sat in the Jeep deciding what they would do.  Justin wanted to get some groceries to cook for Brian and make sure he had some nutritious food to eat after Justin went back to New York.



Brian decided he had a better idea.  He drove them to downtown Pittsburgh to one of his favorite clothing stores.  There he had the salesclerk help them pick out the perfect outfit for Justin to wear on his date that night.  Justin protested the expense and said he didn't need a new outfit.  Brian said he wanted him to look fabulous for their date, and then Justin could wear the clothes to the big art show at the end of his course.  Justin gave in, wanting to please Brian, but also enjoying all of the attention.  He really hadn't brought anything suitable for a night out, thinking he would merely be nursing Brian.



They decided on slacks that were the color of chocolate milk, and fit over Justin's bubble butt like the liquid of the same name.  The wool fabric was so soft it felt like a velvet caress to Justin's skin.  They topped it with a creamy yellow V-neck silk sweater that clung delectably to Justin's upper body.  His sunshine pendant hung perfectly in the V.



Brian was hard pressed to keep his eyes or his hands off his golden boy.  He seemed to glow in the new outfit.  Brian was thrilled with the effect, and Justin had to admit that he looked pretty spectacular.



The clerk packed up their purchases and they headed off to the grocery store.  Justin picked out food for lunch, but also made Brian stock up on a few things that would be good for him after Justin left.



They arrived back at the loft and had some lunch.  By the time they had eaten, it was almost 2:30.  Brian said their reservation was for seven.  Justin suggested they have a rest, so that they, meaning Brian, would have lots of energy for their date.  Surprisingly Brian agreed.



They curled up in bed together, talked a bit, kissed a lot and blew each other.  After that they snuggled together and did fall asleep.



Around four-thirty Brian woke up and kissed Justin awake.  The boy responded before he was even fully aware of what was going on, kissing Brian deeply and luxuriously.  Brian felt his cock throb in response.  His hand slid down Justin's spine and pressed the young man against him.  Two cocks rubbed, two groins thrust against each other and two mouths moaned in anticipation.



Brian's hands moved down and massaged Justin's butt.  A finger pressed against his hole and he gasped.



"Gonna try for another 'best fuck of my life'?" he asked in a voice husky with lust.



"I'm game if you are."  Brian smiled.



"Go for it!"



Brian chuckled, but his hands began their work in earnest.  They skimmed across Justin's skin, pinching and gently scratching everywhere.  They rubbed and kneaded, they pressed and squeezed.  In minutes Brian had Justin panting beneath him.



"Fuck me, Brian," he begged.  "Now!"



In seconds Brian was inside him.  The roller coaster ride hurtled them both toward orgasm.  Brian worked every trick in his mighty repertoire, until finally Justin screamed his name and shot his load in a shattering climax.  Brian soon followed and they lay sated and exhausted beside each other.



"That was awesome!" Justin gasped.



"Does it qualify as best?"



"Hmm, I'm not sure, but we are definitely getting closer."


Brian groaned.  "You are an impossible task master!"



"Yes and you love it."



"Yeah, I do, and I …"



"What?" Justin asked.



"Nothing.  Let's take a shower."  Justin couldn't make out the look on Brian's face.  He had been sure that Brian was going to say that he loved him, but something had made him stop.  He wondered if something was wrong.



Brian pulled him up and into the shower to get ready for their date.  By the time they had primped and preened and finally dressed, it was time to leave.  Brian looked at Justin in his new clothes and pronounced him beautiful.  Justin blushed and returned the compliment.



They set off toward downtown.  After a while Justin was pretty sure where they were going.  He smiled to himself.  They turned onto a street that Justin recognized and he knew they were going to Emile's where they had enjoyed an unforgettable meal so many months ago.



"A dinner to remember," Justin whispered.



Brian smiled at him.



They walked hand in hand up to the door where Emile greeted them effusively.  "Ah, Monsieur Brian and Monsieur Justin, it is so good to see you again."


"Evening, Emile," Brian said.  "Is our table ready?"



"Table?"  Justin looked at Brian questioningly.



"Right this way," Emile said, leading them to the Bronze Room.



They were seated in a very private banquette in a corner of the room.   Emile told them their waiter would be right with them, and quietly withdrew.



"Aren't we going upstairs?" Justin asked.



"Not tonight," Brian replied.



"Oh?"  Justin seemed disappointed.



Brian grinned at him.  "We're just here for dinner tonight.  The food is really delicious."


"I kind of remember that it was delicious, but there are other things I remember more."


Brian smiled, but said nothing.

Their waiter appeared and brought a bottle of chardonnay.  He poured them each a glass.



Brian raised his glass and said, "A toast to you, Justin.  My lover, my partner, my friend and now my nurse.  You're the best!"  They clinked their glasses and each took a sip of the wine.



"That was … nice, Brian.  I didn't expect a toast."



"There may be a few other things you didn't expect."


"Really?  Like what?"

"Patience, grasshopper, and all will be revealed."


Justin looked at this beautiful man, wondering what he had in store for the rest of the evening.

Dinner was wonderful.  They started with a baby spinach salad with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing.  Justin didn't think he had ever had a better salad.  This was followed by sea bass with mango salsa, accompanied by tiny roast potatoes and green beans that tasted better than any green beans either of them had ever had.



"That was an unbelievable meal!" Justin said, finishing up his fish.



"The best!" Brian said.



"The best!" Justin agreed.



There was that strange little smile on Brian's face again.



The waiter cleared the dishes and brought coffee.  In a few minutes he returned with a slice of lemon cheesecake and two forks.



"You ordered dessert?" Justin asked in disbelief.



"We're sharing."


"Okay."



Brian took a bite of the cheesecake and Justin watched his face light up.  "Delicious!" he said.



Justin took a bite.  It melted in his mouth, a creamy mass with a burst of lemon tang.  Justin grinned.  "This is the best cheesecake I have ever had!"  Justin gushed his approval.



The same enigmatic smile played across Brian's face.  Justin couldn't help but wonder what else he had planned.  They finished off the cheesecake and the waiter brought them each a brandy.



Brian raised his glass.  "To an evening of superlatives!" he said.



They finished off their brandies, making small talk and enjoying each other's company.  Brian had reached across the table and touched Justin's hand several times during dinner.  Each time there had been that little jolt of electricity between them.  Justin was certain they had never been closer or more in tune with each other than they were tonight.



Brandies finished, they got up to leave.



Emile met them at the door, handing them their jackets.  A waiter appeared with a small box that had a single red rose lying across the top of it.  Emile took it and handed it to Brian.  Brian picked up the rose and presented it to Justin.



Justin knew he was blushing as he accepted it.



"A beautiful rose for a beautiful young man!" Brian stated.



Justin was sure his face must be scarlet from the heat and love radiating from deep inside him.  His new pants had also gotten uncomfortably tight all of a sudden.



"Emile beamed at them both.  "Enjoy the rest of your evening, gentlemen."


"Thanks, Emile," they both replied as they left the restaurant.



Justin wondered what was in the little box and what else Brian had arranged for them.  He wondered if they were going anywhere else.



Brian got into the Jeep and looked over at Justin.  "Did you enjoy dinner?" he asked.



"Fabulous!" Justin responded.



"Even without going upstairs?"



"I think that was the best meal I've ever had!" Justin gushed.



"It was good, wasn't it?"  There was that smile again.



"Where to now?" Justin asked.



"You'll see."


Brian started the car and they headed back in the general direction of the loft.  That's where Justin thought they might be going, and he was a little disappointed.  Dinner had been so special, and he didn't want the date to be over yet.



As they drew closer to the loft, Brian made an unexpected turn.  Justin knew almost immediately where they were going.  He smiled.



"Know where we're going?" Brian asked, noting the smile.



"Yes."


Brian stopped on the shoulder of the road near the river.  They got out, and Brian put his arm around Justin's waist as they walked down to their bench.  This was where Brian had brought him when they were trying to find their way back to each other, trying to fix their 'relationship'.  This was the place that Justin started to believe that Brian trusted him, when he revealed this secret spot where he came when he was troubled or afraid or needed to think.  Only Brian and Michael had known about it until Brian had trusted Justin enough to bring him there.



The river was very calm this night, almost like glass, and lights reflected off the shimmering surface.



"It's so beautiful tonight," Justin said.



"And peaceful," Brian added.



"Why did you bring me here?"


Brian stared at him, apparently deciding what to say.  "I know sometimes it seems like I don't listen to you," he began.



Justin grinned at him.



"What?" Brian asked.



"I used to think that," Justin said, continuing to grin, "and it was … frustrating."


"Used to?"



"I finally learned that you hear everything.  When it seems like you've ignored what was said or deliberately changed the subject to something else, you're really putting it aside until you've had time to think about it and digest it."


"You know that?"



Justin nodded.



"I'll be damned!"



"So what do you want to tell me that you think I don't know you heard?"


"Run that by me again."

Justin giggled.  "You heard that too."


Brian sighed.  "When you were telling me about how you've changed, I let it pass, but I did hear you."


"So?"



"So I think we need to talk about what that means."


"Okay."


"You said that you've grown up, that you're more assertive."


"I did and I am."


"Justin, I think that's a good thing."



Justin smiled at him.



"I guess the concern is how that will affect us, as partners."



Justin nodded.



"How can we know that until you come back?"



"We can't.  I told you, so that you could have some time to think about it and digest it, so that it wouldn't take you by surprise."



"Smart little fucker, aren't you?"



Justin giggled.  "I still love you, and I want us to be together.  I…I want to have more say about how we live and what we do.  I know I don't contribute financially…yet, but I don't want to be treated like a kid and told what to do."



"I don't intentionally do that."



"I know, but sometimes it just comes out."


"And you're going to call me on it in the future?"



"You got it!" Justin said.



"I think I'm going to get it, in more ways than one."


Justin giggled again.  "Oh, you're going to get it all right!"  He placed his arms on either side of Brian's neck and leaned in to kiss him.  They sat 'frenching' for several minutes, enjoying the feel and taste of each other.



Finally Justin pulled back.  "My new pants are getting tighter by the minute.  Let's go home."


"Asserting yourself?" Brian asked, tongue in cheek.



Justin nodded.



Holding hands, they walked up the hill to the Jeep.  They kissed a bit more before Brian started the car and drove them to the loft.  They kissed on the elevator on the way up.  Justin carried his rose and Brian carried the box Emile had given him, but they still managed to have their hands all over each other's body.  Brian quickly unlocked the door and they rushed up to the bedroom.



Brian set the box on the nightstand and Justin placed his rose next to it.  Brian grabbed Justin in a smoldering embrace.  The kiss took Justin's breath away.  He clung to Brian's body when the kiss ended, his knees suddenly weak.



"Let's get you out of your new clothes," Brian said softly.  He proceeded to tenderly undress his golden boy, carefully folding each garment and laying it on the dresser.  Justin stood silently, slightly dazed, and allowed Brian to continue with his ministrations.  Brian removed everything except Justin's underwear.  Justin's cock had long since been hard and it tented out his briefs, staining them with precum.



Brian ran his hands over the slender body and drew him in for another intoxicating kiss.  He pushed Justin gently down onto the bed and laid the boy on his back.  He slithered Justin's briefs down his legs and off.  His cock, red and swollen, strained against his belly.  He looked longingly at Brian.



Brian stood up and quickly undressed.  Then he lay down beside Justin and kissed him once again.



"I love you," Brian said.



Justin opened his mouth to tell Brian that he loved him too, but Brian put his finger against Justin's lips to indicate that he didn't want the boy to speak.



Brian kissed him again, sucking on his tongue and chewing on his bottom lip.  Justin sighed.



"I love you," Brian said again.



He sucked on Justin's nipple until it stood stiff and proud.



"I love you," he repeated.



He turned to the other nipple, giving it the same treatment, then a gentle tug on the ring.



"I love you."


Justin again went to state his own love for Brian, but the same finger on his lips silenced him.  He understood then that Brian didn't want him to say anything at all.



Brian shifted down and began kissing each toe on Justin's feet.  When he completed that task, he looked into his lover's eyes and said, "I love you."


He worked up Justin's legs, kissing every sensitive spot, the ankles, behind the knees, many kisses on the insides of the thighs.



"I love you," Brian repeated like a mantra.



Justin felt like he was going to explode any second.  His cock ached and strained, but he knew intuitively that Brian didn't want him to touch it.



Brian gently rolled him over onto his stomach.  He kissed all the way down Justin's spine and stopped just above his pucker.



"I love you," he repeated again.



He spread Justin's legs and ran his tongue from the base of his spine to Justin's balls.



"I love you."



His tongue probed Justin's sac and then he sucked on the balls contained inside.  Justin gasped.



"I love you," Brian said again.



His tongue moved up to the pucker.  He licked across it wetting the area.  He sucked on it and tongued over it again.  Justin whimpered.



"I love you," Brian said.



His tongue dove in again and again.  He could feel Justin shaking beneath him.  He tenderly flipped the boy over and kissed him deeply.  Justin pressed against him with every fiber of his being.



"I love you," Brian said, looking into his eyes.



Brian slid on a condom and lubed his own throbbing cock.  He leaned back in for another kiss.  He felt Justin press his cock against his, looking for release.  He gently pushed the boy back onto the mattress and lifted his legs onto his shoulders.  He looked into Justin's eyes and said once more, "I love you."


He plunged in, bending Justin in half, and reaching for his mouth once again.  His cock rested in that warm, tight tunnel that felt like home.



"I love you," Brian whispered.



He drew back and plunged in again.  Justin's hips thrust up to meet him.  "Ahhh!" they each expelled a breath at the tender collision.



Brian thrust in again and again.  Each thrust was followed by, "I love you."  Brian found it increasingly difficult to get the words to come out.  He was steadily losing control.  He felt his balls draw up, and he yelled, "I love you!" once more.  He pounded into his lover.



Justin was beyond coherent thought. He knew he was going to die any minute now.  No one could possibly feel and experience all of these sensations without dying at the end of it.  The tempered steel of his cock bounced against his stomach with each thrust from Brian.  He was going to explode, and suddenly he did, shooting all over himself and Brian, as waves of ecstasy washed over him and he drowned in this sea of intense feelings.



He felt Brian thrust once more, and heard him scream, "I love you!" one last time.



Brian lay atop his lover, his dick still firmly inside Justin.  He had no idea how long they had been lying like this.  He gently pulled out and rolled over, disposing of the condom.  He heard Justin moan.  Carefully he turned him over and cradled him in his arms.  He could feel Justin shaking or shivering.



"Are you all right?" Brian asked softly.



Justin shook his head, tears in his eyes.



"Justin?"  Brian looked into his eyes.  "Did I hurt you?"



"No," the boy gulped.  "No."  Tears rolled down his cheeks.



"What is it?  What's wrong?"


Justin gulped for air and fought to control his emotions.  "I…I've never felt anything like that."



"Neither have I, now that you mention it.  Are you okay?"



"I think so. Brian, what happened?  I thought I was going to die, and I wouldn't have cared.  It was so wonderful!"



"Maybe that's what they mean when they talk about making love," Brian mused.  "I've never felt anything like that before either."


Justin had stopped shaking, but he still clung to Brian.  They were silent for a while, merely holding on to each other.



Finally Brian had to ask.  "Do you think that was the best fuck of your life?"


"Absolutely ……. Not!"



Brian stared at him in disbelief.  "It wasn't?"  He looked devastated.



"That wasn't a fuck, Brian!  That was way beyond a fuck, something so special that it could never be labeled a fuck, good, better, or best!" Justin stated.



"Oh," Brian said, obviously thinking about what Justin had said.



"I love you so much!" Justin declared.  "You must have told me a hundred times that you love me, while you were doing that."


Brian blushed.



"For someone who has trouble saying those words, you outdid yourself."


"I wanted it to be special."


"That it was!"  Justin sighed.



"Are you sure you're all right?" Brian asked again.



"We fuck a lot, but I think it's a good thing that we don't do that too often.  My heart couldn't take it."


"Does that mean you don't want me to do it again?"


"I didn't say that!" Justin said, kissing Brian's face.



"I guess I'll never be able to pay off that bet.  That was my best shot."


"Who cares about the bet?  We have the rest of our lives to fuck each other, to try everything, and occasionally, I hope, to do what we just did."



Brian reached across Justin and picked up the box from Emile's



"What is that?" Justin asked.



"More lemon cheesecake.  I thought you might need to keep your strength up."


Justin swatted him playfully.  "I love you, you big lug!" he said, savoring a bite of cheesecake.

Chapter 26 - Home and Away by Thyme

 

Home and Away

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Brian sat in his office, leaning back in his chair behind his desk.  He had just received the latest magazines with his ads for Bedford Furniture or Future Furniture as they had renamed it.  The ads had started to appear a couple of weeks ago and the feedback was very positive.  He was meeting with Mr. Bedford tomorrow morning to discuss where they would go from here.



He had just about caught up on the backlog from when he had been off with pneumonia.  He had hated being sick.  He supposed everybody hated being sick, but he had been totally unprepared for it, never having been really ill before. He smiled.  Then Justin had come to look after him, and that had been great.  Fuck, he loved that kid!  And he had told him that about a million times while he was there.



"You are such a fucking wimp, Kinney!" he thought to himself.  Christ, Justin had him so dick-whipped, and just when the kid had informed him that he was going to assert himself and demand more say in their life together.  He would already do anything for the kid, because he knew he couldn't live without him.  And what was worse Justin knew it too.  But on the flipside, Justin would do anything for him.



Brian frowned.  Justin had given him fair warning that things were going to be different when he came back to Pittsburgh.  The boy felt he had grown up while he was away.  Maybe Brian should stop referring to him as 'the boy', even in his head.  Brian wasn't exactly sure what this assertive Justin translated to in their future together.



He would never tell Justin, but he was prepared to give Justin almost all of the control he wanted.  He trusted Justin's judgment and his love.  He had long since learned that Justin would never deliberately hurt him.  That had been a big revelation to Brian, to trust someone with his life and his heart.  He had never done that before, and he couldn't believe that he could ever do that with anyone else.



"Brian, your next meeting is in the conference room in five minutes," Cynthia's voice broke into his thoughts.



"I'll be there," Brian responded.  He started to gather up the folders he needed for this meeting.



One week and Justin would be home!  He could hardly wait.  He smiled all through the tedious meeting.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian walked into Babylon a little after ten.  He had agreed to meet the guys for an hour or two.  He saw Michael and Ben dancing.  Ben looked hot and he was a great dancer.  Michael was happy, and lucky, all things considered.



He saw Ted and Emmett by the bar.  He pushed his way through the crowd to join them.



"Hey, hey, hey!" Emmett greeted him.



"Hi, boys," Brian responded.  He looked at the two of them, still finding it hard to comprehend that they were a couple.  He ordered a beer.



"What's up with you?" Ted asked him.



"What do you mean?"


"Your clothes, very conservative, not your usual Babylon attire."


Brian was wearing a denim shirt and jeans.  He hadn't even thought about wearing anything slutty as Justin would have called it.



"I'm not cruising tonight, Ted.  I just came to spend a couple of hours with you guys."


"Justin's got you on a short leash even from New York," Ted observed.



"Dick-whipped!" Brian thought.  "I'm not on a fucking leash, short or otherwise!  I do what I fucking want to do!" he snapped at Ted.



"Well, excuuuse me!" Ted said, holding up his hands in surrender.



"Sweetie, we want to ask you something," Emmett interceded, directing the conversation away from this topic that obviously set Brian off.



"What?" Brian barked, as he tossed back most of his beer.



"I've been trying to talk Teddy into taking me to New York for Justin's art show and a sexy weekend away from the Pitts."



Brian looked at him.  The thought of Ted and Emmett on a sexy weekend was almost enough to make him upchuck his beer.  He swallowed and said, "What the fuck does that have to do with me?"


"Well, the art show starts on Thursday, right?"



"Right."


"When are you going?"


"I'm leaving Friday afternoon, as soon as I can get away from work."


"What flight are you on?"



"How the fuck should I know?" Brian retorted.  He knew Emmett was going to suggest that they take the same flight, and that was the last thing he wanted.



"Fuck you too!" Emmett said, turning his back to Brian.



"Emmett," Brian said, immediately regretting his harsh words to his friend.  "Emmett?" he said again.



"What?"



"Could you look at me?" Brian asked.



"What for?  So you can be rude to my face."


"I…I'm sorry, Emmett.  I shouldn't have acted like that."


Emmett turned to look at Brian.  He was about to make some smart remark about getting an actual apology from laKinney, but he thought better of it.  Better to just let it go.  "Brian, we just wanted to know if there was a hotel near the university that would be handy to stay in."


"There's one that I've stayed at a few times.  I'll e-mail you the name and phone number, also my flight times and numbers," Brian gave in.



"Thanks," said Emmett softening to Brian's attempt to make up to him.  "Is Justin looking forward to the show?"


"He's pretty busy finishing up his final project.  We're not getting together this weekend.  He has too much to do."


"And then he'll be coming home," Emmett added.



"Yeah."


"Are you excited?"


"My dick's all aquiver!" Brian replied with suitable sarcasm.  And the truth be told, his dick was quivering in anticipation and in some trepidation.  He still wasn't sure how things would go with the new, grown-up Justin who would be coming home in a few days.



Emmett spit out his beer at that comment.  "Well," said Emmett matter-of-factly, "I for one will be thrilled to see Justin's art, and to have a weekend in New York."  Emmett remembered the time Justin had run away to New York.  "We didn't get to see much the last time we went."



"Weekend in New York?" Michael asked, coming up behind them.



"Teddy and I are going to go to New York for Justin's art show," Emmett said with a smile.



"Really?"  Michael didn't look happy.



"Hey, why don't you and Ben come too?" Emmett suggested.



"Oh, I don't think we could do that," Michael protested.  Then he turned to look at Ben.  "Could we?" he asked.



Ben thought for a moment.  "Sure we could.  We've never been away together.  It would be fun to have a weekend in New York."


"That sounds great, Ben" Michael said smiling.  "What do you think, Brian?  All of us in New York together."


"The more the fucking merrier!" Brian said sarcastically, and saluted them with his bottle of beer.



"You don't want us to come?" Michael asked, looking at Brian with upset puppy-dog eyes.



Brian noted his expression and again regretted his harsh words.  "Um…Justin would be thrilled if all of you came to his art show," he said.



"And you?" Michael persisted.



"Sure."  Brian used his patented answer.  "Jennifer and Molly are flying in, so why not you guys as well?"


"If you're sure?" Michael said.



"I'm sure!"  Brian set his jaw, refusing to go off on his best friend.



Ted had been very quiet during all of this.  He looked at Brian warily.  "Maybe another weekend would be better," he said to Emmett.



"But then we'd miss Justin's art show.  No, it's this weekend."


Ted looked at Brian and shrugged.  "He's even more dick-whipped than I am," Brian thought, and the thought did not make him feel any better.



Michael grabbed Brian's arm.  "You know who else would love to be there?" he asked Brian.



"I'm sure you're going to tell me!"



"Mom and Uncle Vic."


"Of course!"  Brian could already visualize the three-ring circus pitching its tent in New York City.


"But they'll never be able to afford to fly," Michael said sadly.



"I could help them out," Ben offered.  "We could make the tickets a Mother's Day present.  It's that weekend."


Michael kissed him.  "I have to go," Brian said heading towards the exit, and fighting back a feeling of panic that this was getting way out of hand.



"Brian!  Brian!" he heard Michael calling after him, but he kept going.



Michael caught him just before the exit.  He grabbed Brian's arm and turned him around.  "Are you mad?" he asked.



"No."


"Well, it sure seems like you are."


"I said I'm not," Brian said evenly, clenching his teeth.

"Are you going to ask Melanie and Lindsay to go?"



"Why don't you run me through with a dull pen knife and put me out of my misery?" Brian asked with as much sarcasm as he could muster.  His head was starting to ache.  "Why the fuck would I want to ask Lindsay and Melanie to go?"



"Lindsay has always encouraged Justin with his art.  If everybody else is going, they're going to be royally pissed, if nobody invites them too."



"Shit!"  Brian knew Michael was right.



"And Gus," Michael added.



Brian felt like his head was going to explode.  This weekend in New York crap was developing into a full blown skit from Mad TV, either that or the worst fucking nightmare of his life.  He could just imagine being trapped on a plane with all of them.  He would go right round the proverbial bend.  They'd have to strap him in his seat and sit on him to prevent him from committing mass murder.



He turned on his heel and stormed out of Babylon, whereupon he ran smack into a great looking guy heading into the club.  He stopped dead in his tracks and looked into amused blue eyes that smiled back at him.  He felt his cock jump in response.



"Are you leaving?" the man asked.



Brian nodded.



"Too bad!" the man said, flashing him a dazzling smile.



Brian assessed this stunning looking man.  He was almost as tall as Brian, slightly heavier, but someone who obviously prided himself on working out and keeping in tip top condition.  Brian thought he must be around the same age as him, strawberry blond hair and deep blue eyes that twinkled with humor.  Brian liked him immediately, as well as wanting to fuck him.



"Are you sure I can't convince you to come back inside and dance with me?" this man asked, blue eyes twinkling with humor and a hint of lust.



Brian hesitated for a moment, and then thought of Justin.  "I have to go," Brian said with more regret than he was willing to admit even to himself.  In the pre-Justin era he would have had this man in the backroom by now or in the Jeep headed for the loft.  Brian shook his head and brushed past the man.  He felt that little electric charge that happened sometimes, like it did with Justin and recently Noel.  Shit, that was a fucking wonderful memory!



He steeled his resolve and headed for the Jeep.  After a second or two he felt compelled to turn and look back at this man.  He still stood there at the door to Babylon, staring back at Brian, and grinning.



"Fuck!" Brian said to himself as he turned away.  He was going to need a ton of phone sex with Justin before he'd sleep tonight.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian awoke Friday morning with a stiff dick and a guilty conscience.  He realized his dreams had all been about that man in front of Babylon.  He had jerked off with Justin on the phone, and that had helped him fall asleep, but his dreams were about a tall, strawberry blond with laughing blue eyes.



He had to gain control of his thoughts, push this image out of his head.  He masturbated in the shower.  When he came, he knew each tug on his dick had been about the man at Babylon.



"Shit!" he said out loud.  "I need to get a grip on something else besides my cock.  I'll never see that guy again.  I need to get him out of my head," he thought.



He got ready for work, remembering to grab the folder with his latest ideas for Future Furniture.  He would need them for his meeting with Bedford this morning.  He drove to the office trying to force his brain to concentrate on the upcoming meeting, not on the tantalizing man from last night.



"Morning, Boss," Cynthia greeted him.



"Yeah."


"You're in a fine mood this morning."


"Yeah."



"The meeting with Mr. Bedford is in half an hour," she said, giving up trying to make civilized conversation with him when he was in this mood.



"I know.  Tell me when he gets here."


"Sure."  Cynthia was watching him closely.  "Is something wrong?" she had to ask.



"No," Brian replied.  "No, nothing's wrong."  He wished that were true.



Brian went into his office.  He needed to pull himself together and focus on business.  He sat down and opened the file on Future Furniture.  He wanted to review his new proposals for Mr. Bedford.  He liked this man and his company.  He particularly wanted them to do well.  They made quality furniture, quite innovative, at a reasonable price.  Mr. Bedford was a stand-up guy, and there weren't too many people that Brian could say that about.



After a few minutes he realized his mind had been wandering, back to last night at Babylon.  He was replaying that encounter with the man outside the club.  Maybe he should have gone back in and fucked the guy.  That would have got it out of his system, just like it did with Noel.  Fuck!  He needed to stop making that comparison!  This guy was nothing like Noel, and he had an uneasy feeling that if he ever did fuck this guy, he wouldn't be easy to forget.



"Mr. Bedford is in the conference room."  Cynthia's voice snapped him out of his pointless thoughts.



"Be right there."


Brian gathered up his papers and walked across the hall to the conference room.  He reached for the door knob, took a deep breath to collect himself and walked into the room.



The man seated at the conference table swiveled his chair around to face Brian.



"You!" Brian gasped.



"I could say the same thing," the strawberry blond with the laughing blue eyes replied.



"What are you doing here?"



"I'm here to meet with Brian Kinney who I assume is you," the man said, rising.  "I'm Trip Bedford," he continued, extending his hand for Brian to shake.  Brian shook the proffered hand and felt that same little electric jolt that he had felt last night when their shoulders had touched for a millisecond.



"But…you're not Mr. Bedford," Brian stumbled to explain.



"I am Mr. Bedford, but you've been dealing with my father up to now."


"Oh," Brian said, beginning to get a handle on what was happening.



"My father had a mild heart attack two weeks ago.  I'm taking over some of his duties until he's feeling better."



"I'm sorry to hear about your father.  I hope he'll be all right.  I've enjoyed working with him," Brian said, meaning every word.



"He enjoyed working with you too.  He had nothing but praise for you and the campaign you developed," replied the young Mr. Bedford.  "I hope you'll be able to work just as easily with me."



"I'm sure we can continue to build the promotion of your products, Mr. Bedford," Brian said in his most professional voice.



"Call me Trip, please."


"Trip?  That's an unusual name."


"It's a nickname really.  Jerome Bedford the third or triple, thus Trip," he explained.  "Better than being called Jerry."



Brian chuckled.  "I can see that."


"Some of my friends think it's the right name for me.  They say I'm quite 'a trip'," Trip said, eyes twinkling with humor.



"I can just imagine," Brian said.



"So you're gay?" Trip verified.



"Yes, and so are you."



"Mm hmm.  That's why I was at Babylon."


"Didn't take you long to find the local hot spots."


"I bet you know how to find them in any city you visit."



Brian nodded.  That was the truth.  At least it used to be.



"Why didn't you want to stay and dance with me last night?" Trip asked.



"I…I'm in a …relationship.  I was there with a few friends," Brian tried to explain.



"An exclusive relationship?" Trip asked.



"Yes," Brian admitted slowly.  Brian knew he could still trick, even had Justin's permission to do so, but this would be no ordinary trick.


"That's too bad."



"Is it?"


"I thought we had a …connection the minute I saw you."


"I…know what you mean," Brian admitted.



They looked at each other, assessing the possibilities.



"We should get to work," Brian said, hoping this would be safer ground.  "I have some new ideas about carrying forward our campaign."


"Sounds good.  Let's see them."



Thankfully Trip was willing to drop the previous line of discussion.  They sat down at the conference table and spent the next hour going over Brian's proposals.  Trip had a quick mind and immediately saw the direction Brian was going with the ad campaign.  He fully approved and even made a couple of suggestions that were quite good.  Brian thought they would add to the overall campaign.



Brian realized he was as impressed with Trip's mind as he had been with his body last night.  This man had everything – looks, humor, intelligence and an easy comfortable way about him.  Brian had rarely taken to anyone so quickly.



When they finished up, it was almost noon.  "How be I take you to lunch?" Trip asked.



"Usually we take the clients to lunch," Brian laughed.



"I was afraid you might not ask me, so I thought I better take the bull by the horns, if you get my drift," Trip said, chuckling.



Brian was getting the drift all right.  He could tell that Trip was as interested in him as he was in Trip.  In fact he felt like he was being swept along by an irresistible current that was pushing him and this intriguing man together.



Trip had been watching Brian's face and noted the uncertainty there.  "It's just lunch," he said with a grin.  "What do you say?"


"Sure," Brian replied, only this time 'sure' meant 'yes'.  He knew he wanted to be with this man.  He wanted to get to know him, to share lunch and maybe more.



Brian and Trip talked all during lunch.  They found they had similar views on a lot of topics, only Trip wasn't quite as cynical as Brian.  They laughed about some of their adventures in the gay world, and commiserated about others.  Brian couldn't ever remember opening up with someone the way he was doing with Trip.  It had taken Justin two years to get him to talk, and even then he didn't do it voluntarily most of the time.



This man was a puzzle to Brian.  No other person that Brian could think of had made him feel so comfortable.  Not even Michael who thought of Brian as flawless could make him feel so accepted.  Trip seemed to take Brian at face value, making no demands, having no expectations.  Michael expected him to be perfect.  Justin expected everything from him.  This man seemed to expect nothing.  Brian didn't have to live up to any expectation; he could just be, and that was such a relief.



When lunch was over, Trip asked Brian if he had plans for the weekend.  Brian considered his answer carefully, knowing where this might lead.  During lunch Trip had not asked about his relationship, and Brian had studiously made sure that he didn't bring Justin up.



"I'm going to be working most of the weekend," Brian said carefully.



"And your partner doesn't mind?"


There was the question he had been avoiding.  Brian considered lying and letting on that Justin was here, but somehow Trip inspired the truth.  "Justin, my … partner, is in New York.  He's been there for almost five months on an art course."


"So you'll be alone?"


"Yes," Brian said simply.



"Come to Babylon and let's have that dance."



"I don't know," Brian said, afraid of where this might lead, but grateful that was all that Trip was suggesting.



"It's just a dance, Brian."


Brian made a face.



"I'll be there if you decide to come join me."


Trip paid for lunch and took off.  He didn't seem angry at Brian's reticence, but he also seemed very much to want Brian to meet him at Babylon later that night.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian gathered up his dishes, having finished most of his takeout.  While he stacked the dishwasher, he debated going to Babylon.  There was no question that he was sexually attracted to Trip Bedford, but he also liked the man.  He was sure he would enjoy an evening with Trip.  It was the possible outcome of spending the evening together that had Brian worried.



It was nine o'clock.  He didn't have to make a decision yet.  He sat down at the computer and e-mailed Emmett the information about flights and hotels in New York.



He wasn't looking forward to everyone tagging along, but he understood that they all wanted to be there to support Justin.  He decided he wasn't going to get out of it, so he better make the best of it.  Justin would kill him if he told them all not to come.



He remembered what Michael had said about Lindsay.  He sighed, picked up the phone and hit her number.  When she answered, he was momentarily at a loss of what to say to her.



"You know Justin's art show is next weekend?" he finally asked.



"Yes, I do.  Why?"



"Emmett and Ted want to go."


"Justin will be pleased," she said.



"Then Michael and Ben decided to go."


"Oh!" she said.



"Ben's going to help Michael pay for plane tickets so Deb and Vic can go too.  They're calling it a Mother's Day present."



"I see," Lindsay said.  Brian could hear the tightness in her voice.  "Why are you telling me this?"


"I wondered if you and Melanie … and Gus would like to go too."



"Of course I would, Brian!  But we can't afford it right now, so why are you throwing this in my face?"



"Next weekend's Mother's Day."


"I know that too, asshole!"  She was really getting angry now.  Why was Brian making her listen to the list of people going, when she had told him she couldn't go?



"So, Mom," Brian said, "would you like to go to New York as my Mother's Day present to you?"


"Oh, Brian, I'd love to go, but I couldn't go without Melanie," she said regretfully.

"I wouldn't ask you to.  I'll spring for all three of you, if you want to go."


"Oh, oh, Brian!" she shrieked.  "That's so nice!  Of course, I want to go."


"And Melanie?"

"I'll … I'll talk to her.  She won't like taking help from you, but I'm sure I can talk her into it."


"Well, if it's going to be that much of a fucking hardship, just forget about it."  Brian wasn't going to beg Melanie to go.  Fuck that!

"Brian, I want to go.  Don't take back your offer, please."


"All right," Brian gave in.  "Let me know tomorrow."


"Thanks, Brian," she said and he hung up.

That was his good deed for the day, hell for the month, or the year.  And if that ungrateful bitch, Melanie, didn't want to go, then fuck her!  He didn't care whether they went or not.  He knew Justin would want them there and he would be pleased by Brian's gesture.



Having done his good deed, he decided he had earned a dance with Trip at Babylon.  He went up to the bathroom to shower and get ready.  He kept telling himself he had earned this dance, and that's all it would be, a dance.  At least he thought that's all it would be.



Brian walked into Babylon a little before eleven. He had spent a long time trying to decide what to wear.  He wanted to look good, but not too available.  He ended up wearing his black leather pants and a silk shirt over a black wifebeater.  Heads turned as he pushed through the crowd.  He looked very desirable.



He spotted Ted and Emmett leaning against the bar.



"Two nights in a row?  To what do we owe the honor?" Ted asked.



"Aren't you happy to see me?"



"Always," Ted replied sarcastically.



"I e-mailed you the info about New York," Brian said to Emmett.



"Thanks, sweetie!" Emmett said.  "It's going to be a fun weekend."


"Fan-fucking-tastic!"

"Hi, Brian," a voice said.



Brian turned to see Trip standing just behind him.  The man looked incredible.  He had on skintight black jeans and a golden T-shirt.  He looked casual, but infinitely sexy.



"Who's this tasty morsel?" Emmett asked Brian.



"This is Trip Bedford," Brian said.  "Ted, Emmett."  Brian pointed to each of them by way of introduction.

"And where did you come from?" Emmett pursued.  "I haven't seen you around here before."


"He's a business associate," Brian said.



"I'm from Indianapolis," Trip offered.



"Oh, a Midwestern hunk!" Emmett joked.



"Thank you for the hunk reference."  Trip grinned back at Emmett.  "Can we have that dance now?" he said to Brian.



Brian nodded and the two men went out onto the dance floor.



They were somewhat tentative as they started dancing, each watching what the other was doing.  Before the first song ended they had found a mutual rhythm and style.  Hands on shoulders and groins colliding every now and then, they put on quite a show for everyone around them.  Ted and Emmett watched, mouths hanging open.



After several dances Brian and Trip came back to the bar.  Brian ordered two beers and handed one to Trip.



"You're a good dancer," Brian told him.



"Thanks.  We're pretty good together."


"You certainly are!" Emmett said.  "Are you in town for long?" he asked Trip.



"I go back to Indianapolis tomorrow."


Brian was listening to all this.  "I should be going," he said suddenly.



"Another dance?" Trip asked him.



"I don't think so," Brian said, trying to behave himself.



"Then I guess I'll head on out too," Trip said.  "I'll walk out with you, Brian."



Emmett and Ted nodded knowingly as the two walked away.



"Hot!" mouthed Ted.



Emmett nodded.



At the door to Babylon Brian shook Trip's hand.  He felt that little jolt.  "It was nice working with you," Brian said.



"Same here."


"Will it be you or your father at the meeting next month?"



"Probably Dad, if he's up to it," Trip said.  "I could come if there's some reason you wanted me."


Brian understood the meaning of that statement.  He knew Trip was offering, and he also knew that Trip wouldn't force the issue.  Brian wanted this man, but more he didn't want to hurt Justin.  He needed to be strong.  He shook his head, no longer able to look into those blue eyes.



"Goodbye, Trip," Brian said turning away.



"Bye," Trip replied and they walked away from each other.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Brian worked hard the following week.  He did his best to push thoughts of Trip out of his head.  He told himself that he would probably never see the man again.  His future was Justin and Justin was coming home.  That was what he needed to concentrate on.



But sometimes out of the blue he would find himself thinking of the strawberry blond, and too many of his dreams centered around a pair of laughing blue eyes, always looking at him with unspoken desire.



The weekend couldn't come fast enough.  He would go to New York with the ever growing entourage, which now included Gus, Mel and Lindsay, and he would bring his boy home at the end of it.  Then everything would be all right.  At least he hoped it would be.



Friday afternoon they all met at the airport.  Brian was running a little late and came straight from work.



"Dada, Dada!" he heard Gus shout when he saw him.



He grabbed the little boy and flipped him up in the air.  Gus giggled his approval.  Brian gave him a big hug and his little arms wrapped around Brian's neck.  "Go on plane, Dada!  See Justin!"



"That's right, Sonny Boy.  Do you remember our other trip?"


Gus nodded.  "Me sit with you?" Gus asked.

"No, Gus, you're sitting with your mommies."


"No!  With you!" Gus insisted, eyes filling with tears.



Brian sighed.  He went to the desk to see if there was a vacant seat in first class where he was sitting.  There was and he could upgrade Gus' ticket.  Now all he had to do was tell Lindsay and Melanie that their son was sitting in first class, and they were still stuck in coach.



"Asshole!" was Melanie's reaction.



"He wants to sit with his Dada," Brian said in his own defense.



"Maybe we'd all like to sit with Dada in first class!" Melanie bitched.



"So take him!" Lindsay said.  "We'll enjoy ourselves anyway."  She linked her arm through Mel's and they walked away.



Brian snorted.  They were ready to board.  Brian waved at the rest of the group as he and Gus boarded with the rest of the first class passengers.  They found their seats, and Brian got Gus an apple juice and a bourbon for himself.  He felt much more confident traveling with Gus this time, having managed it all by himself before.  If Gus got fussy this time, his mommies were only a few rows back.



"He's a cutie," the steward said to Brian.  "Looks just like you."



"So I've been told," Brian replied.  The steward was definitely cruising him.  Male or female, the flight attendants all seemed to use Gus to get Brian's attention.



"What's your name, little man?" he asked.



"Gus," the little boy replied between sips of apple juice.



"Is this your first flight?" the steward asked, all the time running his eyes over Brian.



"No," Gus said.



"He's flown before," Brian said.  "You're a good flier, aren't you, Sonny Boy?"  Brian turned to Gus and buckled him in.



Gus nodded.  The steward had lost Brian's attention for the moment, so he moved on down the aisle to deal with the other passengers.



"See Justin soon?" Gus asked



"We have to fly for a bit first.  Remember?"



"Fly!" Gus said, grinning.



"Then we have to go to the hotel and have dinner.  We'll see Justin at his art show.  He's going to be so surprised to see you.  Can you wait that long?"


Gus nodded.  Brian took his empty glass and handed it to the steward who passed by.  Gus clapped his hands.  "See Justin," he said with a big smile on his face.  "Surprise!" he said carefully, trying to get the word out correctly.



Brian watched him.  He was such a happy little boy, and most of the time he was a good boy except when that nasty stubborn streak reared its ornery head.  Brian loved him so much; more than he ever thought was possible.  He was glad Gus' childhood was so different from his own.



"Ready to go?" Brian asked



"Yes," Gus said, nodding his head.



The flight was over before they knew it.  Gus babbled on about Thomas the Train and flying to new places.  He regaled Brian with stories about how Thomas went fishing and got stuck in the snow.  He wanted to know if Brian would take him fishing.  Brian didn't know how to answer that, since he had never been fishing in his life.  Maybe Justin would know how to do that, and the three of them could make it an adventure.



Brian didn't see any of the others until they got off the plane.  They all assembled in the waiting area as they came off the jet way.  For some reason they expected Brian to organize everything.  He led them to the baggage claim and then to the taxis.  They divided into three groups, and Brian made sure the drivers knew the name of their hotel.  He was beginning to feel like the ringmaster of this fucking circus.  He wondered how he got himself into these things.



It took the better part of an hour to get them all settled at the hotel.  Brian's patience was really wearing thin, when they all finally agreed to go to their rooms and get ready for dinner.  They would eat in the hotel and then go to Justin's show from there.  Brian knew he had to get out of there.



He hit Justin's cell phone number.



"Hey!" Justin responded.  "You're here."


"I'm at the hotel.  Have you had dinner yet?"

"No.  Want to meet me?"



"Yes."


"I have to be back at the show by 7:30, but there's a nice little restaurant just off campus.  It's called Oregano.  Can you meet me there in fifteen minutes?"



"You got it," Brian said, glad to escape the others and get some time alone with Justin.



"See ya," Justin said



"Later."


Brian walked into the restaurant fifteen minutes later and saw Justin sitting at a table near the back.  The boy stood and beamed at him, that sunshine smile that melted his heart.  He wasn't sure how he got there, but the next thing he knew Justin was in his arms and they were kissing and kissing.



All of a sudden Brian became aware of clapping.  He opened his eyes and released Justin.  People in the restaurant were applauding their kiss.  They quickly sat down.



"That kiss was worth a round of applause," Justin giggled.



"It was a good one!" Brian agreed.



"I missed you last weekend."



"I missed you too.  Did you get your project done?"



"Yes," Justin smiled.  "It turned out great!"



"Good.  What is it?"



"You can see it after dinner.  It'll be a surprise," Justin said.



"Maybe not the only surprise," Brian added.



"What does that mean?"



"You can see later.  It'll be a surprise," Brian smirked.



They ordered dinner and ate quickly so Justin could make it back to the gallery in time.  The art show had started the night before, mostly with staff and students of the university showing up.  Tonight there would be many more people, family members of the exhibitors and hopefully a lot more of the general public.



Justin explained that all of the pieces were for sale, if anyone was interested in buying them.  He told Brian that sometimes a student got lucky and made enough from the sale of their pieces to cover the tuition to the course.



Justin regaled Brian with the process of setting up his space in the gallery.  Each student in the course got an assigned area and could put as many or as few pieces in it as they wanted.  Justin refused to tell Brian any more about what he had included in his display.



When they had finished eating they walked back to the gallery on the university grounds.  Justin took Brian's hand as they entered the building.  He led Brian over to one side and stopped.  Straight ahead was a title board that said "Justin Taylor – My Passion".  Brian was knocked for a loop by what confronted him



In the center was the framed sketch of him in his black leather pants sauntering down the hallway of Justin's residence.  On one side of it was the red abstract painting that Brian had already seen.  Justin had told him that the painting was called "My Passion" and was a representation of his passion for Brian.  On the other side was a collage of the sketches of Brian, Justin and Gus making the snowman in the park and having their snowball fight.  They were overlaid with paint in a rainbow of colors that somehow linked the sketches together and yet gave each of them significance in the overall design.  Touches of the colors had been added to each sketch so that the whole thing fit together perfectly.  Along the bottom of all of these were small framed abstracts, almost three dimensional the paint was so thick.  One of them Brian had a funny feeling might be his dick.



"Justin, what the fuck have you done?" Brian asked.



"Don't you like it?" Justin asked, looking crestfallen.



"It's quite … something, but …"  Brian didn't know what to say.



"I know you don't like being on display, but you are the heart of so much of my work.  It just seemed right."


Brian took in a long breath and stared at the display.  "I'm … flattered.  I guess I just need to get used to it."


"Holy shit!" a loud voice said.

Justin turned.  "Deb!" he shouted.  "Vic!"  He grabbed them and hugged them so hard they could barely breathe.



Right behind them came Michael and Ben who shook hands with Justin.  They were followed by Ted and Emmett.  Emmett, of course, hugged Justin and got all weepy at the display.  Melanie, Lindsay and Gus arrived next, with Jennifer and Molly close behind them.  Justin was blown away.  He had expected his mother and Brian, but everyone else going to the trouble and expense of being there for him, overwhelmed Justin.  He was close to tears.



"Surprise!" Gus yelled, jumping up and down.



Everyone laughed, and that gave Justin time to collect himself.  He picked up Gus who pointed to his artwork and said, "Dada!"



"That's right," Justin told him.  He looked over at Brian who stood back out of the way.  Justin's face radiated the love he felt for Brian and the pleasure of having his family around him for this special occasion.  "Can you find Gus in there?" he asked.  He carried Gus over to the collage.



Gus pointed to the sketch of the snowball fight.  "Justin, Dada, Gus!" he said, pointing to each one.  "I love you, Justin."


Justin squeezed him to his chest.  "I love you too."


Everyone milled around, congratulating Justin on getting through the course.  They all had choice comments about Justin's theme for his work.



"It's incredible!" Emmett said.  "Brian's a great subject."


"Art is truth and that's what I see," Ben observed.



"I should have known!" Michael grimaced.



"These are great representations of Brian," Vic told Justin.  "I especially like the dick."  He pointed to the little abstract.  "Brian won't be happy that it isn't bigger."


Justin chuckled.  "I never thought of that, but I bet you're right."

"You are absolutely shameless in your love for that man," Debbie said.  "He doesn't deserve you, but good for you anyway, Sunshine."


Ted shook his head.  "As if Kinney's ego isn't big enough already!  There'll be no living with him now."


"You don't have to live with him, Ted.  I do," Justin replied.

"Oh honey," his mother said.  Your work looks great!  I can see all the new things you've tried.  I'm so happy that you came on this course."



Justin noted that his mother had carefully praised his work without once mentioning the subject matter.  "Thanks, Mom.  I'm glad I came on this course too."  He decided not to force the issue of Brian's part in all of it.  "I've learned so much … and grown up a lot."


"I can see that," Jennifer said seriously.



While all of this was going on, Brian had wandered through the gallery.  He found Dale and Joanne whose work was displayed side by side.  He chatted with them a bit and told them that he had spoken to the head of the art department at Vangard about both of them.  If they were interested in an internship for the summer, they were guaranteed an interview, and Brian had made it clear that he thought they were excellent candidates for the positions.  They thanked him for his help, and each said that they would contact the art department for an interview.



Brian moved on when Joanne's family showed up.



As he neared the back of the gallery, Brian saw Zach Sherwood standing in his space.  Brian looked at his work from a distance.  It was so different from Justin's.  His theme was "Ambiguity".  There were four large paintings, semi-abstract, depicting great contradictions in life – war/peace, hate/love, strength/weakness and loss/gain.  Brian didn't particularly care for the effect, but he could feel the power of the message and the way Zach had presented it.  He had an uneasy feeling that the darker side of each pairing was winning.  He didn't think that Zach would see goodness besting evil in his outlook on the world.  Until Justin came into his life, he probably had felt the same way.



He walked over to Zach.  Justin had told him that he and Zach had not spoken since the Noel incident.  Zach had done his best to steer clear of Justin, and Justin was happy to leave it that way.



"Very powerful!" Brian said to Zach, indicating his work.



The young man looked surprised that Brian would speak to him.  "Thanks," he said.



"Hello, Brian," a voice said from behind him.



Brian knew it was Noel.  He steeled himself to face the man and not rip his head off.  "Noel," he said in a level voice, turning around.  "Fancy meeting you here.  Your cousin is very talented."


"I know.  That's why I didn't want to get him into any trouble while he was on this course."



"I'm glad you stuck to our bargain," Brian said.



Noel merely nodded.



Brian headed back towards Justin.  His surprise visitors had dispersed to go look at the other artwork.  Jennifer and Molly were still talking to Justin.



Brian hesitated to interrupt their conversation.



"Dada, Dada!" Brian heard, and the little boy came running up to him.  He grabbed Brian's leg and hung on.



"What's wrong, Sonny Boy?" Brian asked, picking him up.



"Carry me, Dada."


"Why?"

"Too many big people.  I can't see nothing."


Brian chuckled.  "Did you see Dale and Joanne?"



Gus shook his head.



"Shall we go see them?"  Gus nodded.  "They're over here."


Brian carried Gus over to their area.

"Hey, little Gus!" Dale exclaimed.



The little boy smiled at him.  "Hey," he responded.



"I didn't know Gus was coming with you," Joanne said.



"Justin didn't know about it either," Brian explained.



"Surprise!" Gus said throwing up his arms.



They laughed.  "You are such a cutie-pie!" Joanne said.



"How did you like Justin's display?" Dale asked Brian.



Brian snorted.  "I didn't know what to say.  I never expected anything like that."



"Dale and Joanne both laughed.


"We tried to talk him out of it," Dale said, "but I think the poor sap really loves you."



Joanne chuckled.



"Looks like I'm stuck with him," Brian said with a smile.



"Stuck!" said Gus.



"That's right, Sonny Boy."  Brian asked the two students, "Are you ready to head back to Phoenix and the Pitts?"



They both nodded.  "The course has been great, but it's a long time to be away from home, even if home is the Pitts," Joanne said.



"It's been a long time all right," Brian said ruefully.



Just then Melanie and Lindsay came along.  Gus yelled, "Mama!  Mommy!"  He squirmed down and ran over to them.  Gus grabbed their hands and pulled them over to Dale and Joanne.



Brian made the rather complicated introductions, and left Gus and the two women talking to Dale and Joanne.  He wandered around the gallery for a while longer before he went to find Justin who was now alone in his space.



"Hey, stud!" he said, coming up behind him.



"You are in big trouble, mister!" Justin said.



"Me?  What did I do?"


"You didn't warn me that everybody was coming.  I nearly had a heart attack when they all started arriving."


Brian put his hand on Justin's heart.  "Your heart feels just fine," he said.  "I'm the one who nearly keeled over when I saw this."  Brian gestured to the display.

"You're all right with it, aren't you?" Justin asked, concerned.

Brian remembered how important his approval was to Justin.  "I'm very flattered, but you could have warned me."


"And you could have warned me!" Justin retorted.



"Surprise!" Brian said, imitating Gus.  "Let's go to the hotel."



"I can't go till nine-thirty."



Brian groaned.  "I need you."



"Half an hour," Justin promised.



Brian put his arm around Justin's waist and nuzzled his neck.  Just as he was doing that, Ted and Emmett reappeared.



"Christ, you never stop, do you?" Ted asked.



"Why should I?" Brian said, releasing Justin.



"And I thought Justin had finally got you under control," Emmett said with a grin.



"Not last weekend!" Ted stated.



Justin looked at Brian.  "What happened last weekend?" he asked, not at all sure he wanted to hear the answer.



"He was dancing up a storm at Babylon with the most amazing looking guy," Ted continued.



Emmett gave him an elbow in the ribs to shut him up.  "He was a business associate, didn't you say, Brian?" Emmett tried to smooth things over.



"Yeah," Brian replied.



Justin was staring at Brian.  "And what business associate would that be?" Justin asked, trying to keep his voice level.



Brian sighed.  "Future Furniture."


"I thought Mr. Bedford was old enough to be your father," Justin said.



"He is," Brian replied.  He hadn't wanted to get into this with Justin, certainly not here.  "He had a mild heart attack a few weeks ago.  His son, Trip, came to the meeting in his place last Friday."



"Trip's quite a hunk!" Ted added, not knowing when enough was enough.  Emmett grabbed his arm and dragged him away before he could do any more damage.



"So how come you never mentioned … Trip, when we talked on the phone every night?" Justin asked.



"It wasn't important," Brian said, looking at the floor.



"Or it was too important," Justin thought.  "Will you and Trip be getting together again soon?" Justin asked Brian.



"We weren't together, Justin.  It was a dance at Babylon, that's all."


"Really?"


"Well, we did have lunch."


"And…?"



"We didn't fuck.  I swear."


"But you wanted to," Justin said, a little shard of fear cutting into his heart.



"Yes…" Brian said honestly.  "No … maybe.  I don't know!  I really like Trip.  He seems like a great guy.  We really enjoyed each other's company.  I like him as a friend."


"And a fuck?"



"I thought about it," Brian admitted.  "But we didn't go there, and we won't go there!" Brian said emphatically.

"Okay," Justin replied.  "Let's drop the topic of … Trip!  What kind of name is that anyway?"


"Short for triple.  He's Jerome Bedford III," Brian said with just a bit too much enthusiasm.

Justin sucked in a breath.  Who was this Trip, that Brian remembered everything about his name and talked about him in such an enthusiastic manner?  Justin didn't like this one little bit.  "Is Gus staying with you at the hotel?" he asked, deciding he better change the subject.



"No, he's with his mommies."


"So we have the room all to ourselves?"


"Yes, and I can hardly wait to use it."


"Has everybody left?  Mom and Molly went a little while ago."


"I think Ted and Emmett just beat a hasty retreat.  I saw the munchers leave a while ago to put Gus to bed, and I think Deb and Vic went with them.  Ben and Michael may still be here somewhere, although they were going to check out Whiplash.  I hope they've gone because I don't want to go with them.  I want to take you back to the hotel and fuck your brains out."



"Like you wanted to do with Trip?" Justin had almost said that aloud, catching himself just in time.  "You really know how to sweet talk a guy," he said instead.



Soon the gallery had pretty well emptied out.  Justin said he thought they could leave.  Brian saw Zach and Noel going out the door.  He wondered how many more times their paths would cross.  Not many, he hoped.



Everyone was going to go sightseeing in the morning.  Brian had told them to go in pairs, not as one group.  That would mean that they could see and do what they wanted without waiting for everyone else.  Brian hoped he and Justin could spend the morning in bed without anyone bothering them.



As they rode to the hotel in the taxi, Justin linked his fingers through Brian's.  "Did you like the show?" he asked.



"Yes, but I like you more," Brian said, nuzzling his neck.



"Wait till we get to the hotel," Justin giggled.



"Can't!" Brian groaned, squeezing Justin's crotch.



"Behave," Justin moaned, trying to keep him at bay.  "We better get to the hotel soon."


The taxi pulled up in front of the hotel.  Brian shoved a generous amount of money through the window and hauled Justin out of the vehicle.  They ran across the lobby and hit the elevator button.



"Mr. Kinney!  Mr. Kinney!" a male clerk behind the front desk called.



Brian looked daggers at him, but he seemed oblivious.



"There's a message for you, Mr. Kinney," he called to Brian.



"Shit!" Brian said, torn between the elevator and the desk.



"You should get it, Brian," Justin told him.  "It might be important."


Brian went over to the desk and the man handed him an envelope.  He ripped it open.  "Shit!" he said again.



"What?" Justin asked.



"Lindsay wants to know if we'll take Gus tomorrow afternoon.  They're all going to the Statue of Liberty in the morning, but she and Mel want some time alone in the afternoon."



"Let's do it.  I like spending time with Gus."


"Paper!" Brian ordered.



The desk clerk handed him paper, pen and envelope.  He quickly scribbled a note.  "See that Ms. Peterson gets that before she leaves in the morning," Brian said to the clerk who nodded and took the envelope.



Brian grabbed Justin's hand and they raced over to the elevator in time to catch one going up.  As soon as the door of their room closed behind them, they were all over each other.  They tore their clothes off, kissing and groping the whole time.  They edged toward the bed and by the time they reached it, they were both hard and ready.  They tumbled onto the bed, pressing into each other and holding tight.



Justin whispered Brian's name again and again between kisses and caresses.  Their rock hard cocks were trapped between their straining bodies."



"Now, Brian!" Justin whispered.  "Hurry!"



Brian had a condom on and was positioned at Justin's hole in a flash.  He pressed through the first ring of muscle and heard Justin's sharp intake of breath.  He waited till he felt Justin relax and then plowed the rest of the way in.  He bent his lover in half as he leaned in for a kiss.



"Jesus, I've missed you!" Brian groaned.



"I love you," Justin gasped.



And then there was only flesh against flesh, lips against lips, hearts beating in pounding rhythm and bodies plunging toward ultimate release.  All too soon it was over and they lay against each other, panting but fulfilled.



"Two weeks is too long to be apart," Brian said.



"We don't have to be apart anymore," Justin told him.



"That's right!  You're coming home with me on Sunday."



"You bet I am!"



"It's about time too," Brian stated.



"You were the one who made me come here in the first place," Justin teased.



"I was such an idiot to send you away."



"No, you weren't.  I think it was for the best.  I needed to grow up and be on my own a bit.  Besides, we survived it, and now we can be together forever."


Brian groaned inwardly.  He didn't know how to do forever.  Christ, sometimes he wasn't sure he could do tomorrow.



Justin looked at him, wondering about Brian's silence.  "You are ready for me to move back in, aren't you?"



"You never left, Justin.  Not in any real way."



"That is the loveliest thing to say," Justin said, caressing Brian's cheek.  "I love you so much."


"I'd like us to go home right now," Brian said.



"That is so sweet, and cute!" Justin chuckled.



Brian snorted.  "Are you calling me cute and sweet?  Because I'm not!"



"Oh, I forgot.  You're big and bad and mean and an asshole and…"



"Shut up or I'll have to fuck you senseless."



"Promises, promises!"



"You think I can't do that?"



"Show me!" Justin dared him.



"You better be careful what you wish for, you might just get it."


Brian grabbed Justin's cock and began to work his magic on the boy's body.  Justin was whimpering and begging Brian to fuck him, before he really knew what hit him.  By the time Brian actually fucked him he was incoherent with need and primal lust.



When they were finished, Brian cradled his well fucked boy in his arms.  "Are you fucked senseless?" he smirked.



"You could have left me one or two brain cells," Justin said, sighing.



"Sorry about that!" Brian chuckled.



"Now you'll have to look after me and take care of me.  I'll be totally incapable of doing anything for myself," Justin pouted.



"You can always be my rent boy, my sex toy!"



"Okay," Justin said cheerily.  Then his mood sobered and he looked at Brian with a serious expression on his face.  "I really think I'm ready to make a living.  I want to contribute to our life together."



"You do in so many ways."


"I know, but I want it to be concrete.  I hope I sell some of my work this weekend."



"I'm sure you will."  Brian kissed him.



"Don't you dare buy any!" Justin warned him.  "I want to do this on my own.  If nothing sells, then …"



"Then what?"



"I'll be disappointed, but I'll live."


"Of course you will."


"Brian, are we going to be all right when I come home?"



"Yes!" Brian replied, hoping that was true.



They snuggled down into the bed and were soon fast asleep.



Brian awoke with a start.  He looked at the clock and saw he had been asleep for a couple of hours.  His arm was wrapped around Justin, but he had been dreaming of another man.



"Shit!" he thought.  "I hoped once I was with Justin that dreams of Trip would stop."


He slid out of bed and went to look out the window.  He wondered how life could be so fucked up.  They had managed to get through almost five months of separation.  Justin was about to come home, and everything should be perfect.  Instead, he was dreaming of another man, a beautiful man.  Why couldn't life just let him be happy for once?  Justin was the one he wanted, the one who had changed his life.  Justin deserved better than the screwed up mess that he was.  Yet somehow it was Brian that Justin wanted and loved, and he was going to do his best not to fuck it up.



He crawled back into bed, looking at Justin's sleeping face.  He was so beautiful and so pure.  Brian loved him, even though he still felt that he didn't deserve him.  He vowed to stop thinking of Trip and concentrate on what he had.  He snuggled against the boy's back, feeling Justin's steady breaths.  It was a long time before he slept.



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Saturday and Sunday whizzed by.  They fucked away Saturday morning, but they got out of bed in time to meet Lindsay and Melanie and collect Gus for the afternoon.



Gus demanded to see Daisy and Tyrone, so they spent the afternoon in Central Park.  It was a beautiful spring day.  Flowers were blooming and the park was full of people walking, rollerblading and just sitting.  Gus rode the carousel and fed carrots to Daisy.  They walked all over the park, much of the time Brian carrying Gus on his shoulders.  They had dinner at a little restaurant where Gus talked a blue streak and had them laughing all through the meal.



After dinner Justin had to go back to the art show for the evening, so Brian took Gus back to the hotel.  Mel and Lindsay were still out, so he took Gus up to his room and they watched TV together.



"Dada, Justin comes home with us?" Gus asked.



"Yes."


"Good.  He lives with you?"



"Yes."


"Me too!"



"No, Sonny Boy.  You live with your mommies."


Gus looked puzzled.  "Why?"



"That's your home, like the loft is my home.  You can come and stay with Justin and me on weekends.  Okay?"



"Okay."  Gus didn't seem too sure about that.  "I love you, Dada.  Love Justin too!" Gus said with a smile.



"I love him too," Brian said, kissing the little boy.



By the time Lindsay and Mel came to pick up their son, Gus was sound asleep on the bed.  Brian carried him over to their room and kissed him goodnight.  Brian glanced at the clock.  Justin would be done at the gallery soon and they were meeting the gang at Whiplash for drinks and a few dances.



When Justin arrived at the club they were all stationed around the bar.  Justin ran up to Brian and threw his arms around his neck.  "I sold three pieces!" he gushed.



"That's great!" Brian said.  "Which ones?"


"Somebody bought the one of you in your leather pants this afternoon.  They insisted on taking it with them, so I had to rearrange my whole display when I got back to the gallery."



"What else?"



"A middle aged couple bought 'My Passion' tonight.  They said it reminded them of how they both felt when they first met.  And later a man bought the little one of your dick."  Justin grinned at him.



"That wasn't really my dick, was it?"



Justin nodded.  "Your best feature!"



"Shit!" Brian grimaced.  "So are you rich now?"



"Hardly, but every little bit helps."


Everybody congratulated Justin on his sales and made sure he got a beer.  He and Brian danced with Michael and Ben, and had another beer with Ted and Emmett.  Brian caught a fleeting glimpse of Noel and Zach, but he wasn't really worried about them anymore.  Justin would be safe with him in Pittsburgh.



Emmett sidled up to Brian at the bar.  The others were all dancing.  "I hope Teddy didn't cause any trouble by bringing up Trip's name last night," he explained to Brian.



"It didn't help!" Brian said, rather ungraciously.



"There isn't really anything between you and Trip, is there?"



"It's none of your business, but…no!"



"Good," Emmett said, and went back to dance with the others.



Brian downed his shot of bourbon and ordered a double.  Where were the good old days when people like Emmett were afraid to ask him about his personal life?  Truth be told he didn't have a personal life back then.  He had a series of tricks that were common knowledge to everyone.  He downed the bourbon.  He felt its impact hit his system and he relaxed a bit.  Maybe he should get wasted.  Then he could push all those thoughts and doubts and dreams out of his head.



"Wanna dance?"  Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's waist.



"I'm ready to go," Brian said sharply.



"Sure … sure," Justin agreed, surprised at Brian's change of mood.



"Stay if you want.  I'm leaving."


Brian began to walk away.  Justin followed and slid his hand into Brian's.  They spent most of the night fucking.  Justin felt a kind of desperation in Brian that he couldn't understand.  He did his best to match Brian's needs and fulfill whatever Brian asked of him.  Brian felt Justin's compliance with his every whim, and almost resented it.  The boy had talked about asserting himself, but here he was subjugating himself to Brian.  Brian drove into that willing body again and again during the night.  But he never felt any better when he was done.  In fact he felt worse.  In some fucked up way, he knew he was punishing Justin, punishing him for his own guilt and doubts.



It was late when they woke.  They hadn't even tried to sleep until almost four.  Justin smiled wanly at Brian.



"You okay?" Brian asked.



"I doubt I can walk," Justin tried to joke, "but I'm all right otherwise."


Brian stretched and groaned.



"What's wrong?" Justin asked.  "Last night was … strange."


"Nothing," Brian replied.



"Brian, I think we need to talk about it."



"No, not now!"



"All right, but we will when we get back to Pittsburgh," Justin stated.



"Sure," Brian replied, and Justin wanted to strangle him.



They hardly spoke to each other after that, each fearing that they would start a fight.  They called room service for something to eat.  Jennifer and Molly were meeting them at Justin's dorm to make sure everything was ready to go back to Pittsburgh.  Justin had packed most of his stuff during the week, but they'd do a last check together.  Jennifer was going to see that all his things got to the airport.  Justin was supposed to be at the gallery from two to four, and then he and Brian would go directly to the airport.  They would meet Jennifer and his luggage there.



Brian knew Justin wanted him at the gallery that afternoon, but he would have preferred to escape to somewhere that he could drink.  He agreed with Justin that last night had been strange.  He must have fucked Justin at least five times.  The more the boy gave in to him, the more he wanted to punish him. He knew he had come very close to hurting him, and what really scared him was how much he had wanted to hurt him.  In some screwed up way he had believed that if he could fuck Justin hard enough and long enough, he could cleanse himself of his doubts and his unwanted thoughts.  All he had succeeded in doing was scaring them both.



He wandered around the gallery, not really seeing anything.  He had looked at it all before.  His thoughts kept wandering to Pittsburgh, to Justin, to their 'relationship' and to Trip.



All of a sudden he was aware of someone's eyes on him.  He turned to see Noel staring at him.  The expression on his face was hard to read.  Was it loathing or lust?  Brian wasn't sure what he saw there, but he couldn't tear his eyes away from Noel's.



"Why are you staring at me?" Brian asked.



"I could ask you the same thing," Noel said.



Brian was tempted to walk away, but he wanted to know something.  "Do you hate me?" he asked Noel.



"I could ask you the same thing," Noel said again.



Brian wanted to punch him in the face.  "I did," he said, voice dripping with sarcasm, "but I don't care enough to hate you now."


"Brutally honest, as always!" Noel responded.  "I do hate you, but my feelings are also very … ambivalent."



"Meaning?"



"I'm still attracted to you."  Noel sighed.  "You must know the effect you have on men, probably women too for that matter."



Brian grimaced.  "It's not something I think about.  Sometimes it comes in very handy, but a lot of the time it causes me trouble big time."


"I hope you don't expect me to feel sorry for you!" Noel said sarcastically.



"Hell, no!"



"Good, because I don't.  You're really a lucky son of a bitch.  You have your pretty boy, your impressive job, lots of money and your pick of any man you want.  If this causes you trouble, then tough shit!  Nobody's killed you yet, so consider yourself lucky!"



Brian laughed out loud.  "Thanks, Noel," he said.  "I needed that reality check.  Now I can get over myself and the little pity party I was having.  I have such a fucking fantastic life that I shouldn't have a care in the world.  Thanks a million!"



Noel's mouth had dropped open at Brian's tirade.  He shook his head and walked away.



Brian continued to laugh. He couldn't believe that he had just had that conversation with Noel.  Sometimes life was a fucking trip!  "Oops!"  There was that name again, and he laughed even more hysterically.



He took a deep breath and tried to regain control.  He was glad Justin hadn't witnessed this little episode.  He glanced up at the clock.  It was almost four, so he began to make his way back to Justin's space.  He found the boy talking to some man in an animated fashion.  Brian hung back, not wanting to interrupt, and watching the interaction.  They kept pointing to one of the small paintings, the one that looked a bit like a spine.  Justin kept shaking his head and looked none too pleased.  When he noticed Brian watching, he smiled and waved him over.



"You can decide and let them know at the front desk," Brian heard Justin say as he came up next to him.  "Take it or leave it.  I have to go."  Justin linked his arm through Brian's and pulled him towards the front door.  He waved to Dale and Joanne, and shouted, "I'll e-mail you!"  He turned to Brian and said, "Let's blow this place."


"You've got it!" Brian responded.  He hailed a cab as they stepped outside.  "What did that guy want?" Brian asked, as they settled into the taxi.



"He wanted that painting, but he was trying to beat down the price."



"Is that what you were arguing about?"



"We weren't arguing.  I just refused to bargain."


"It's good to know your worth and never take anything less."


Justin gave Brian a look.  "Where did that come from?"


"I'm sorry about last night.  I didn't treat you very … nicely."


"You don't do nice, Brian.  We both know that."


Brian snorted.  "I was in a weird mood last night."

"I know.  But now you're better?"



"Infinitely!"



"Good.  I can hardly wait to get home."


"And I can hardly wait to have you there."


Justin laughed, and then smiled that glorious smile.  Brian felt his heart catch in his throat, but then he smiled back.  They were going home, together, and that was all that mattered.

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1151