RAGE UNLEASHED by MissMerlot
Summary:

Rage in Comic form...


Categories: QAF US, Original Fiction Characters: None
Tags: Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, M/M, Out of Character, Post-series, Rage, Violence, What if...
Genres: Alternate Canon, Alternate Universe, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Magical/Supernatural, Porny, Romance, Science Fiction, Suspense/Thriller
Pairings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Taxi to New York
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 49178 Read: 33698 Published: Oct 24, 2017 Updated: Feb 09, 2018
Story Notes:

All recognizable characters and places are the property of their respective creators. No copyright infringement is intended.  The plot, original characters, places and situations belong collectively to the authors of this project. We hope you enjoy this unique journey of the RAGE characters.

1. CHAPTER 1: UNDER THE LIGHT by MissMerlot

2. CHAPTER 2: A FRIENDSHIP ESTABLISHED by MissMerlot

3. Chapter 3: PUSHING and GUIDING by MissMerlot

4. Chapter 5: HIDING, SEEKING and SHOWING TRUE COLORS by MissMerlot

5. Chapter 6: Recovery is a Friend of Mine by MissMerlot

6. Chapter 7: FRIENDS, KNOW THINE ENEMY by MissMerlot

7. Chapter 8: MAKING BALLS and HAILING HALO by MissMerlot

8. Chapter 9: NAMING, TRANSFORMATIONS and HOMECOMING by MissMerlot

9. Chapter 10: TRANSFORMATIONS, REVELATIONS and A GOLDFISH BOWL by MissMerlot

10. Chapter 11: MIND TALKING and GIFTING by MissMerlot

11. Chapter 12: TO HOLD and HARASS by MissMerlot

12. Chapter 13: UNLUCKY FOR THEM, THE IAGO TALKS by MissMerlot

13. CHAPTER 14 - A NEW DAY...AND NEW MOON DAWNS by MissMerlot

14. CHAPTER 15 - MEET DOC AND BRAINS, A HISTORY LESSON AND TO THE RESCUE by MissMerlot

15. Chapter 16: High Speed Revenge and Completion by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 1: UNDER THE LIGHT by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

 

Chapter written by: MissMerlot

CHAPTER 1 - UNDER THE LIGHT


WOODLANDS PUB - FRIDAY NIGHT


BYRON


Seriously, I could just go home now! Yet again, I am sitting in Woodlands, not wanting to be here. Don’t get me wrong, I love my friends, well mostly, but there are times when I just want to be with someone who is not them. I have Mika, who has been my best friend for years and wants to be more but I am firmly pushing back on that.

 

Then there is Elvis, who for all his queenliness is as fierce as a lion. We have a close relationship, but we keep that quiet. He gets me, but not like that. I was walking down the street one day and he caught up with me and asked me flat out what was wrong. Before I knew it, I said that I felt lonely and within two hours I had two kittens in my beautifully appointed loft. One pure white and one a beautiful blue/gray. I was horrified for all of about an hour, and despite my best intentions, Fizz and Pop took up residence in my bedroom!

 

And then there is my right hand man, Fagin. I smile as he makes his way carefully back from the bar with our drinks. He carefully places down the tray and Mika rolls his eyes. This I don’t get. Fagin started off as his friend, so why does he look at him like that? Okay, I may have hurt Mika’s feelings by hiring Fagin, but Mika runs a comic book store, and I needed a fucking accountant! Fagin has a marketable skill, while Mika barely has any skills at all, except to talk incessantly about subjects of no import to the real world around him. But hey, as long as he doesn’t treat me like shit, we’re good.


As I take a sip of my drink, I look round the room. There is nobody in this whole place worth fucking. Looks like it will be another boring night with only my hand for company when I get home.


LEVIATHAN STREET


DESTINY


“Are you sure you want to be dropped off here?” I glance around, I mean seriously! Coming out is one thing, but this much out is something else! There is a man… uh, woman?... well someone with three boobs! What the hell is this, a circus?!


“Des, I will be fine. I think. No. I will be fine!” Jules asserts. Even though I can see he looks terrified, he wanted to come to Levi Street, and since his parents are away with Mildred, he can do this without fear of retribution. “You need to unlock the door. I promise if nothing has happened after an hour, I will call you.”


I release the catch and hand him some pepper spray. “No-no! You don’t get to object! Take it or I shall put you back in this car! You know I can!” I hiss, and he slips it in his pocket and is off down the street. Once I see his shoulders drop in relaxation, I park up and follow.


MIKA


“Come on guys, let’s go to Badlands! I feel like dancing and getting my dick sucked!” I get up and pull on my jacket. I catch the look between Elvis and Byron and wonder what that is about, but shrug it off and head to the bar to settle the bill.


As I watch the guys finally get their asses out of their seats, I sigh. Byron is being cruised, as usual, and I pray that he doesn’t stop to check the guy out. But of course, he does.


“Said he’ll see us there!” Elvis smirks, and starts to shepherd us out.


“No, I’ll wait. You guys go on.” I tell him, and they both exchange looks. “What? At least this way, I can make sure he’s coming.” I point out.


“Oh honey, he’s definitely going to be doing that!” Elvis snickers and heads out.


Twenty minutes later, he’s still not out. I head to the bathroom and go inside. “Byron!” I call out.


“He went about 15 minutes ago!” Someone calls back. “Said he just couldn’t do it with a guy whose breath smelt like pond scum!!”


“Fuck off cretin, It does not!” Another voice shouts back.


“Oh yes, it does!” A couple of people shout back.


I am furious! Not with them, but with Byron for leaving me here! He should’ve known I would wait for him like I always do. As I run up the street, I bump into this twink. “Watch where you’re going!” I snap at him, as he looks at me in surprise then rolls his eyes. “Hey, watch your manners also!” I snap, coming back up to him.


“You ran into me, not the other way round!” He snarls and keeps walking.


“Fucking brat!” I yell at him, and he gives me the finger.


Once I get to Badlands, I almost have to queue, until Elvis speaks to the doorman and they let me in. I don’t understand that! They, in fact everyone on the Street, knows that I’m Byron’s best friend! I don’t know why they go through this shitshow every time I’m not with him!


As we head to the bar, I see just Fagin. “Where’s Byron?” I yell, to be heard over the music.


“Where’d you think?!” Elvis yells, and points to the backroom.


“Ah, his domain...” I smirk, before looking round for a likely candidate as my cock starts to twitch at the thought of watching Byron in action! I catch a guy’s eye and with a mutual nod, we head to the backroom.


JULES


I am so glad that Des gave me the pepper spray. I was almost tempted to use it just then. It’s been forty minutes now and to be honest, it’s not what I had hoped. I’m going to call it a night. I turn back and head to the meeting place to wait for Des. After 5 minutes of trying to get hold of her, I still can’t get through, so I head to the street light to see what the hell is up with my phone and find out that my battery is dead!


“She is going to kill me.” I mutter and sigh. “‘Make sure your phone is fully charged.’ Yeah she’s going to kill me!”


I look around to see if there is someone I can approach for help, but there’s no one I would want to approach.


“Your phone isn’t charged is it?” Des’s voice interrupts my thoughts, and I almost leap to the top of the street light like a scalded cat!


“Jesus fuck, Des!” I punch her in the arm and she just glares at me and reaches for my phone. “I forgot okay!”


“Not… not okay!” She punches me back. “So glad I was following you. No, don’t object! Stay right here and I’ll get the car. Right here, you understand?!”


She runs up the street and I rest against the lamp post to wait for my heart to come down from my throat! As I calm down, I look across and see a club called Badlands. I wonder if I can persuade her to go in there instead of home. It looks interesting to say the least! I check to see if she’s coming and try to formulate a plan. First things first, need ID. As I look at the one I bought, I frown.


“You won’t get in.” A voice tells me and I tense up. “Not with that anyway.” He laughs.


“You’re being very rude.” I tell him, stuffing the ID back in my pocket, my cheeks flaming.


“Rude, or helpful?” He asks, and starts to tilt up my chin. At first I resist, but then curiosity gets the better of me and I look up… into the most beautiful face I have ever seen! He smirks when my stomach growls. Oh for fuck sake, really! “Hungry?”


“I-I… am waiting for my friend. She’s my ride.” I stammer.


“That’s not what I asked.” He laughs again, as again, my stomach growls. I inwardly sigh, wanting the ground to swallow me up! “Do you have a…”


“Get away from him!” Des hisses. “I will scream the fucking place down!” She growls.


Not now Des!


He is now outright guffawing. “Okay tigress, calm down. I am not going to hurt your little cub. I was just wondering if he’s hungry and was telling him that he won’t get into Badlands with his very bad, fake ID.”


Oh shit! Now she really will kill me!


“Fake ID?” She echoes and then focuses on me. “Give it. Give it now, Jules!” She snaps, and I take it out of my pocket. “How much did you pay for this?” She sighs.


“$20.” I mumble feeling the blush starting to take over my body. “Can we just go now please?” I am beyond mortified. The guy folds his arms and looks between us.


“Yes, and we are sooo going to talk!” She turns to the guy and puts on her best smile. “Sorry that I snarled at you. It’s just he’s very new to this and…”


“I figured.”


“Thank you for stopping him from going inside.”


“You’re welcome.” He chuckles and then looks down the street. “You see that diner over there about three blocks away?” We nod. “I’ll be there in 10 minutes. Tell the redhead that Byron sent you and order some food. Okay?”


Please, please, please Des, say yes, say yes!


“If you’re not there in 10 minutes, we’re leaving…” He nods with a smirk. “...and taking whatever food we order with us, and you can just pay for it whenever you show up!” She declares, and again with the nodding and smirking. He gives me a quick wink before heading into the club.


“Thank you!” I call after him and he waves, pointing down the street. “What was that for?!” I demand, rubbing my arm.


“The fake ID! Who’d you get it from?” She pulls me down the street to the diner. “You are so getting your money back!”


BADLANDS


FAGIN


I shake my head, as yet again, Mika heads towards the backroom, but once he sees Byron, he ditches the guy immediately.


“Where have you been?” He asks. “I have had two awesome blowjobs!”


“If they were awful, why brag about them?” Byron frowns, looking through his wallet.


“Awesome, not awful...how were yours?” He asks.


“How were my what?” He continues to search for something. “Aha!” He crows as he pulls out a condom and sticks it in his pocket.


“Byron!” Mika whines, and that gets his full attention. “Are you seriously going into the backroom again? How about we dance first?”


“I haven’t been in the backroom and I don’t want to dance. I’ll see you later.” Byron retorts.


“Where are you going then?” He pouts, folding his arms. I personally want to smack his bottom and send him to the corner for being a clingy idiot!


“Cherry picking.” Byron smirks and is off.


LS DINER


JULES


At least the burger is good, pity about the guy though. “Two minutes and we’re…” Des trails off her eyes wide.


“Hey kiddo, they’re over there!” Di, the redhead shouts. “For such a little guy, that boy can eat!”


“Good to know!” He shouts back and approaches the booth and slides in next to Des. “Two minutes to spare.” He grins before turning to her and putting out his hand. “Byron Kent.”


“Des Stone and this is Jules Thomas. His face is not normally covered in tomato sauce.” She says, as she hands me a napkin and I kick her, only for Byron to wince.


“Now is that nice?” He rubs his shin. “So Jules, this your first time? On the Street I mean, not in general.”


I can’t believe he just asked me that! “Yes.” Des answers, widening her eyes at me and slowly starting to smile.” So you’re him then?”


“Who him?” He reaches over for a fry.


“You’re that Byron Kent, the big bad wolf according to Di.” She laughs.


“Ah you’ve been warned, have you? Well, you Des are perfectly safe. You on the other hand Jules, may not be.”


I stare at him for a few seconds. “You are awfully sure of yourself.” I lick the sauce from the side of my mouth and lean back.


“Not only that, but I’m awfully sure of you.” He rests his chin on his hand. “You can fake many things but you can’t fake dilation.”


Dilation? Really? When?” Des demands, eagerly.


“Just before you arrived. They went big and inky blue.” He quickly flicks up his eyebrows as if daring me to deny it. “I should know, I was looking into them at the time.”


I can’t help it, I laugh. “Has that line ever worked for you?”


“Never had to use a line. Normally, I just grab and go.” He replies.


“Well you are not grabbing tonight.” I assert, and jolt when Des kicks me in the shin.


“Oh I wasn’t going to grab, but we are definitely going to go.” He growls and stands up. “So are you coming or not?” He stands above me and holds out his hand. He smiles when I place my hand in his. “What’s his address?” He asks Des, and she writes it down. “Will drop him off tomorrow. I promise.”


BADLANDS - FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER


ELVIS


I smirk at the text I’ve just gotten from Byron. Happy to oblige. I text back, and go to find the source of his problem.


“Mika, come and dance!” I demand, pulling him onto the floor and we start to groove. “Isn’t that Faye?” I shout as Fagin’s twin comes into view and he nods.


“It’s such a shame about her and Calista.” Fagin shakes his head as he joins us. “But at least, she’s not held it against Byron.”


“What’s a shame?” Mika shouts back.


“Calista wanted Byron to have a baby with her and he turned her down. She and Faye split up soon after.”


“Again?!” Mika rolls his eyes. “What is it with Faye’s girlfriends wanting Byron to daddy up?”


“You are not blind, Mika!” I retort. “As we all have noticed, and perhaps you most of all, he’s gorgeous! He’d make a beautiful baby!”


“Well he doesn’t want to be tied down to a baby or anything like that!”


Including you! I think, but don’t say, and Fagin and I again exchange knowing looks. I love that he and I are doing that more and more lately.


“So what are you doing tomorrow?” I ask him, as he starts to reach for his phone again.


“Most likely hanging out with Byron. Why?” He pauses for a moment and frowns. “And unfortunately I’ll most probably have to kick out the trick du jour for him before that happens. Still can’t believe he has cats!”


“Why shouldn’t he have cats?” Fagin tries and just about succeeds in keeping the smile out of his voice.


“He knows I’m allergic.” He scratches, subconsciously.


“But you can take medicine for that.” I point out.


“Yeah, but not with the amount of booze I’ve had.” He sways slightly. “I think I should go home and sleep this off so that I can help Byron in the morning.”


“Yeah you do that, honey.” I soothe, and watch him walk away.


BYRON’S LOFT - HALF AN HOUR LATER


BYRON


He was quiet on the journey to the loft. He did keep looking across and gave me the odd smile. He’s kinda sweet, I find myself thinking as I lead him up the stairs. He didn't want to share the elevator and I had to comment on the fact the jeep was fine but the elevator was not! As we hit the top floor, I let him in and I watch him swallow hard and take a deep breath.


“Come on.” I say, as I pull him back out.


“Where are we going?” He asks nervously, as I lead him down to the next floor.


“My loft.” I reply, opening the door and being leapt on by Fizz. “Down monster!” I order, and as usual, he ignores me and demands to be petted. I sigh and stroke behind his ears.


“Whipped.” He snickers.


“Double whipped.” I grin. “This is Fizz and the one commencing butt wiggle before attacking is Pop.”


JULES


They are so cute! Fizz and Pop bounce round the loft, catching the toys I am throwing. Byron hands over a bottle of water. “Still sealed and no puncture marks.” He points out.


“I noticed. So explain to me why you have two lofts?”


“One I fuck in and one I don’t.” He replies simply, and I pause mid drink and look at him. “This is the one I don’t. And there are only three people that know about this one. You’re the third. Now come and sit. I’m not going to do anything.”


I sit down, but as far away from him as possible. “So tell me about yourself?”


“Really?” I frown.


“Yes, really or I wouldn’t have asked. Why were you on the Street looking so ripe for the plucking?”


“Ripe for the…”


“How old are you?”


“18 on my next birthday.”


“So are you out to your parents?”


“No. My dad would not like that at all. What about you?”


“No to parents, but definitely out.”


“I’m sorry to hear that. About your parents, I mean.”


“I’m not. They hate me and the feeling is mutual.” He smiles sadly. “Well, I don’t entirely but…”


“What’s it like?” I blurt out, and immediately wish I hadn’t.


“Being out?” I nod. “Freeing! Just do it and get it over with.”


“I’m out to Des.”


“And that’s it?” I nod again. “Out yourself to me.”


“But you…”


“I haven’t heard you say it. So say it.” He comes closer and I swallow hard. “Repeat after me. I am Jules Thomas and I am gay.”


“I…” My mouth goes dry as he inches closer still. “I am Jules Thom...uh Thomas and I am ga-gay.”


“Good, but now say it like you mean it.”


“Can you stop moving please?” He sits still with a smile, then jabs me in the thigh. “I am Jules Thomas and I am gay!” I say louder and without stammering.


“Well done! Now shout it at the top of your lungs!”


“Shout?” I frown and he nods. “I am Jules Thomas and I am gay!!” He just shakes his head… I blink for a few seconds and take a deep breath. “I AM JULES THOMAS AND I AM GAY AND FUCKING PROUD TO BE SO!” I yell, and promptly burst into tears.


“Hey! Hey, where’d those come from?” He pulls me into his arms and holds me tight.


“I don’t know! I just…” I hiccup. “You’re right, it is freeing.” I smile once I have pulled myself together. “Sorry about the shirt.”


“It’s okay, I don’t mind pretty boy tears. It’s pretty boy snot I have a problem with.” I smack him on his arm. “Stop hitting.” He grumbles with a smile.


“You know you like it!” I chuckle and play with a button. “Thank you.”


“You’re welcome.” He rubs my back and for a while we don’t say anything. “Want to go home now?” I shake my head.


“Good.” He murmurs and reaches for the blanket behind him to cover us up.


BYRON’S 3RD FLOOR LOFT - NEXT MORNING


JULES


The first thing I hear is purring. I open my eyes and I am looking at a shirt. I do not understand the shirt thing! Let alone the purring thing!


“Morning.”


Morning!


I sit up and wipe my mouth. Where the hell am I? I clench my ass and feel no pain.


“Your virtue is intact.” A voice drawls. “Bathroom is over there. Have at it. And your phone should be charged. You should phone Des.”


Ten minutes later and I am trying to wrest Fizz off my feet.


“Do you know you snore?”


“I do not!” I object.


“Yeah, you do.” Byron laughs. “Videoed it.”


“You didn’t…”


“Yeah, I did.”


I tilt my head to one side. “Uh Byron, someone is knocking on your door.” He frowns and heads to the door. “No, the one upstairs.”


“How did…?” He begins before his phone rings. “Mika, good morning. Where am I? I am at the vets…” He switches to a headset and starts to prepare breakfast, holding up things for a yes or a no. “Mika, I do not need you to get rid of anyone. Now, as  I have previously said, I am at the grocery store. Bye now.” He hangs up and flings the headset across the counter. “So you like your guacamole with extra chilli... got it.”


“H-how did you know that?” I ask and he pauses and smiles.


“Your burger last night had guac with extra chillies but no matoes.”


Matoes?” I smirk, coming to help and pinching a piece of bacon.


“Tomatoes. And I have a thing about numbers, stop pinching!”


“Where’s my phone?” I look around.


“Window sill. How’d you like your eggs?” He asks over his shoulder.


“The tiniest bit soft but not runny.”


I grab my phone from the sill and I don’t know why, but I back away from the window. “Hey Des! I’m… Des, what’s happened?! Des, I can’t understand what you are saying! Who's dead?”

 

Forty minutes later, I am still sobbing in Byron’s arms. My parents and my sister are gone. All because of a fucking drunk driving trucker… of course, he survived! Des is on her way. She’s all I have left!

 

 

CHAPTER 2: A FRIENDSHIP ESTABLISHED by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Chapter written by: MissMerlot 

 


CHAPTER 2 - A FRIENDSHIP ESTABLISHED


DINER - SUNDAY AFTERNOON


DES


“Hey gorgeous!” Di shouts, glancing at me briefly. “So what can…” She rushes round the counter and pulls me into her arms. “Honey, what’s wrong?!” She demands as soon as she sees my face, and I sob while she holds me.


“Ju-Jules… pa-par… sis… dead!” I wail. “Need to f-find By…”


“Hey Di.... oooh, who this? Where am I taking her?” I hear a voice.


“Des, and back office!”


I find myself in the arms of a stranger, but I am too upset to care. “Oh my poor sweet girl, I am Elvis. So tell me what’s up? Why is a pretty little young thang like you sporting that sour puss?” I manage to get out what happened last night with Jules and his family. “Poor babies! Alright my darling, you stay here. I need to make a call.”


BYRON’S LOFT - 5 MINUTES LATER


BYRON


“Hey Elvis.” I pause and listen to him. “Okay, bring her here. Come to the third floor. He’s still asleep. Poor kid.” I look out the window and am thankful that the 3rd floor has special blinds; you can see out of but not in. Mika is still sitting in his car across the street. “Oh for fuck sake!... No that wasn’t for you. Mika is outside the building, so go round the back and ask Fagin to do his usual thing with the papers. That’ll at least get rid of him for awhile!”


I click the headset off and quietly enter the bedroom. Jules is crying in his sleep. I know that Fagin won't be here for at least an hour, so I shake him gently. “Jules, wake up.”


“What for?” He sobs, and my heart breaks.


“Des is coming; she’s with a friend of mine. Do you think you can eat soon?” He nods slowly and starts to get out of bed, but I stop him. “Stay there. Hot chocolate?” He lies back down and gives me another nod. “Great. I’ll get Elvis to bring some food too. Burger and fries with guac, no tomatoes extra chilies, okay?”


“Mmm…” His eyes fill with tears again.


I click the headset back on. “Call Elvis,” I say into the mic as I climb into bed and pull him into my arms. “Elvis, how far away are you from the diner? Oh great, can you bring a burger and fries with guac, extra chilies, no tomatoes. And a bottle of Beam.” I hang up and start to stroke his hair. “He won't be long. You want your chocolate now or when they come?”


“With food.” He hiccups. “Thank you. You have been so kind.”


“You’re welcome.” I kiss the top of his head and he starts to cry again.


OUTSIDE THE LOFT - 40 MINUTES LATER


MIKA


How long can it take for him to come back from the vets?! I shift in my seat. I really want to go to the bathroom, but I’m afraid that if I move from this spot, I’ll miss him. But then again, I could take a chance and drive to the diner. Surely he should be back by the time I return, right? Just as I start the car, I see Fagin walking up the street. I get out and head across the road to meet him by the doors.


FAGIN


Oh for crying out loud! Sighing, I pull out my phone and slow down, smirking. Judging by the way he’s moving about, he wants the bathroom. Shame! “Byron, hey, I’m about a minute away from the door and he’s waiting there for me. You heading up? Okay, no problem.” I paste on a smile and ignore his frantic gestures that I should hurry up by pretending to talk some more!


“Fagin!” He hisses. “Give me your keys so I can at least get in!” I hold up my finger and he is almost jumping up and down like a firecracker.


“Thanks Josiah, I will get them signed and sent in the next 30 minutes then scanned back to you.”


“FAGIN!” He all but screeches, and I have to bite my lip to stop from laughing as I slowly open the door to let him in. He elbows past me to press the button for the elevator, but apparently the wait is too long for him and he runs up the stairs. We get there the same time and then he has to wait some more as I look for the right key to open the door. He runs to the bathroom and his sigh of relief reverberates round the loft.


“Feel better?” I ask politely and take out the papers.


“Did you have to take so long? I almost pissed myself!” He grumbles, sitting down at the island. “Oh, where are the fleabags?” He asks, looking round. I raise an eyebrow. “I mean his cats.”


“I was on the phone at the time and trying to concentrate. And I should imagine that since he’s at the vets, the cats are with him.” I reply calmly.


“So where’s Byron?”


“As I have just said, he’s at the vets with the cats. Said he would meet me here; we’ve got some work to do.” His eyes flash with annoyance. “This could take a while.” I head to the living area and start to set up the VC as I normally do.


“Can I just borrow your keys for a minute?”


“Why?”


“Need to pop down to my car. It will save me from having to knock.”


“I’ll open the door for you.” I respond firmly, and again, there’s that flash of annoyance. It really burns his guts that I have keys to the hallowed domain and he doesn’t. He did, but Byron got fed up with him coming and going at will, so he changed the locks without telling him or issuing a new set. They didn’t speak for a couple of days, but inevitably Mika weakened and apologized, but still no key. And if he thinks I’m falling for that bulljive excuse, he’s dumber than we think! “Well aren’t you going then?” I prompt, and there is a distinct blush creeping up his face.


“Yeah, won’t be long.” He mumbles and stomps out. As soon as the door shuts, I burst out laughing.


3RD FLOOR LOFT


BYRON


I smirk as I read the text from Fagin. I look up as Elvis comes in with Des. “He’s in there.” I point to the bedroom. “Just woken up, but make sure he eats that.” She nods tearfully and goes to join him.


“You go do your thang. I’ll keep an eye on them.” Elvis sighs sadly and follows her to the bedroom.


I grab Fizz and Pop, and this time without bitching, they get in their basket. I decide to wait for Mika to go back up to the loft. I roll my eyes as he calls me again and I let it go to voicemail. I snicker as he jabs his phone off and stomps into the building. I hold out hope that once he sees me alive and well, he’ll go find his own life! I could certainly do without my fucking fanclub of one.


4TH FLOOR LOFT


MIKA


I’m about to knock when I hear the elevator door clang shut, so decide to wait to see if it is Byron. Finally it arrives and he steps out. “There you are!” I smile, and he frowns. “What’s wrong?”


BYRON


“Just got a lot of work to do. Could do without the VC right now!” He follows me inside and inwardly I seethe. Just get the fucking hint, already! Damn!  “Mika, Fagin and I have to work for a couple of hours, can you let us get on with it? I’ll see you later.”


“I can…” He begins, but I shake my head and let the cats out. Immediately, Fizz hisses at Mika… they are not friends!


“This is Kinnetic business, which you are not privy to and…”


“But I’m your best friend! I know everything about…”


“This is business. I don’t interfere in your comic book store, which incidentally is where you should be camping out, not here. You need to actually open your store if you ever intend to make a profit. Nor is your pers...”


“But…”


“Mika!” He flinches, but sometimes that’s the only way. “You need to leave so I can get this done! The sooner I finish the sooner we can meet up!”


“Alright then.” He pouts, and makes his way slowly to the door. After one more reproachful look, he finally leaves. We wait for him to cross the road and get into the car.


“For the love of God!” Fagin sighs. “He tried the lend me your key so I don’t have to knock thing again.” I squeeze my eyes shut to allow the annoyance to dissipate. “So what happened that we were needed?”


I explain what happened to Jules and he shakes his head. “Jesus and only 17. Why don’t you call Di and see if she can help?”


“Great idea. I’m going to check on him now. Elvis and Des, who is his best friend, are with him. Hopefully he’s managed to eat something.” I head to the bookshelf and pull the IRS Manual and the bookcase slides aside and we head downstairs.


LS DINER - HALF AN HOUR LATER


DI


Mika is pouting in the booth by the window. He’s been twirling his phone for the last half hour. He wanted to hang with Byron, but he’s busy with work. I sigh as he continues to stare mournfully out of the window. So I carry over a cup of coffee.


“You know that Byron is a busy man and he can’t come out and play because you want him to. If you put half as much effort into what you should, like your store, instead of chasing him around, perhaps you would be busy too.”


“I’m not…” He starts to moan as usual, but I am saved from hearing it once more by my phone ringing. “Hi there... yeah... never got a chance to ask.... Oh fuck me, that’s awful! Sure no problem, bring them round to the house this evening and we’ll have a talk... No problem, leave it with me.”


“Who was that?” By God’s own nose, this kid is nosy!


“PFLAG member. Kid’s just been orphaned and she wants some help.” I lie smoothly. If I told him it was Byron, he would’ve ripped my phone out of my hands.


“Oh.” He sighs.


“Hey Di, was that what the kid was crying about earlier? The one that went in the back with Elvis?” Kira asks.


“Yeah.” I watch Mika carefully. Not a jot of sympathy. How did he grow up to be like this?!


He swallows down the rest of his coffee and gets up. “Might as well open the store, at least I can read there while I wait.”


“Yeah, you do that.”


He heads out and bumps into Faye at the same time, but doesn’t stop to talk.


“Excuse you, Mika!” She says as she comes in. She sighs. “Let me guess... Byron is busy.” She grins at me. Like some members of the Street, she has no truck with Mika and his mistaken sense of ownership of Byron.


“Yeah. Listen, you around tonight? Got a kid that’s just been orphaned and not sure if he’s got anything, attorney wise. It’s going to be bad enough going through this without having legal shit to deal with as well.”


“Sure, I’ll be around, just give me a call.”


“Thanks honey.”


REAL ESCAPE COMIC STORE - AN HOUR LATER


MIKA


Still nothing from Byron! I go back to reading when the door chimes. I do a double take, this man is gorgeous! Surely, he can’t be a geek!


“Hi, I wonder if you can help me. My name is Bailey, and you’re Mika, right?”


“Y-yes.”


“Best friend of Byron Kent?”


“Yes. I have known him for over 15 years.” I boast. “What do you want to know?”


“How to get to first base with him or preferably, how to bottom for him?”


“Ah, he’s very selective. You might not be his type.” I smirk. Who am I kidding? Byron would jump him in a heartbeat! Well not if I have anything to say about it, unless...


He laughs and leans on the counter. “Do you think you could put in a good word for me?”


“What’s in it for me?” I lean closer.


“I get you for the night. I’m not as good as he is. He is legendary, but I’m pretty close.”


“Well give me your number and I will see what I can do.” He slides over his card and smiles at me. “I’m only here until the 14 February, so you’ve got a month. “Ciao bello.” He purrs and starts to saunter out.


“Wait, let me take a picture of you so he can see what you’re like.”


“Of course.” He leans against the shelving unit and I take a couple. “Want a close up of my face or my...?”


“Yeah.” He starts to unbutton his pants. “Just the face for now!” I squeak. Smooth! Definitely going into my spank bank when Byron is through with it, and him.


“So can I take your number, too?” I write it down hastily and watch my future fuck walk away with a smile.


BAILEY’S APARTMENT - AN HOUR LATER


BAILEY


Well that went better than I hoped. That’s the problem with humans. They are so susceptible to outside appearances. I have been trying unsuccessfully to get close to Byron by way of Faye, but he has constantly refused to give me the baby I crave! But no matter... as this incarnation, I can get his seed and that’s that.


“Revertere ad me, pulchritudo!” (Return to me, beauty) I chant and smile at my reflection. It was fun being Bailey, but I much prefer being Calista or to give me my full title Ice-Tina the Snow Queen.


DI’S HOUSE LOUNGE- EARLY EVENING


ELVIS


Di is making them eat some soup; the poor things are still so traumatized. I dropped in the diner to get the keys, since, as it turned out, Fagin and Byron really did need to work. So of course I spotted Mika sulking hard as he didn’t get his fix! I honestly didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. No, not in sympathy for him, but in shame of him. Why can’t he see that there is more out there than just being ‘Life’s Chewtoy’? Byron will never be more than a friend; Mika still could not handle him if he was more than that. So why not just accept that and find a way to live happy with what you have? I shake myself out of my thoughts about the little fool who can’t, and concentrate on what I can do for my charges right now. I brought them here and made them some hot chocolate, Di said she wouldn't be long and she wasn't.


I tense up as the door opens and then heave a sigh of relief as it’s Faye. “Hey gorgeous girl!”


“Hey.” She leans down to kiss me on the cheek and flops down next to me. “As much as I love working for Byron, he gives me some fuck-ass things to work on.”


“Like what? Or is that CAP’d?”


“Capped?” She frowns.


“Yeah, Client, Attorney, Privileged...CAP’d”


“Oh… very good… yeah.” She looks across at Jules and Des. “How did they end up with Byron?”


“He saved him from Badlands.” I laugh quietly. “Can you help him?”


“Absolutely. I just need his permission to access his parents estate and I’ll handle it.” She looks across again and then frowns before pulling out her phone. She quickly scrolls through before gasping then standing and rushing to the dining room. I smell gossip and follow!


FAYE


Holy fuck! I dial Byron. “Hey B, listen, did you do anything with this kid? Oh, thank God! No, wait, putting you on speaker! Byron, can you hear me?”


“Yes of course I can, what is going on?”


“Jules.” He looks up at me. “Can you tell us who your father… was?”


“Craig Martin Thomas.” He sniffs. “He owns… owned Thomas Electronics Inc.”


“Oh Christ!” Byron groans, and I can hear Fagin, swearing and demanding that Byron confirms he did nothing with Jules.


“Byron… okay… Byron doesn’t like homophobes and makes his mission to buy as many of their businesses as possible and your father was…” I trail off.


“A homophobe. I know that. He made that so clear.”


“The thing is that Byron owns almost 50% of the company you now stand to inherit.”


“So?” He shrugs, and I ignore the warning glance from Di.


“Well that means that you are going to be working very closely with Byron and that could cause an issue.”


“Why?”


I know I’m overwhelming him, but he has to know what he’s about to come up against!


“Oh fuck!” Di breathes.


“Shit!” Elvis gripes.


“Can someone tell me what this means?!” Jules sobs. “I’m so tired and I just want… I want…”


“Jules. Jules, I know you are tired and it’s been a fucking shit day. But I need you to listen to what Faye is saying, okay?”


“Okay.” He takes a deep breath and looks at me.


“B, are you going to come over?” I ask.


“Yeah, we’ll be an hour, tops.”


“Great. You guys go and I’ll handle the rest of this…”


“Byron, you’ve got another call coming through.” Jules tells him, somewhat distractedly.


“How the… look I’ve got to take this. Later.”


“Later.” We all chorus.


“So what is going on? I’m Des by the way.”


“Faye. Would’ve preferred better circumstances. And Jules, I am so sorry for your loss.” He gives me a small nod. “When Byron and Fagin get here. You do not know them, okay? Either of you. Put the word out, Di.” I order.


“Why?” Des demands.


“Because if his best friend knows you know him personally, he will make it his mission to get rid of you. But if it’s business then…”


“He won’t be allowed to interfere.” Elvis smirks. “Oh, well done, and for once, it’s not a lie!”


DI

 

I head to the kitchen to get Jules some more bread. But I can’t shift the discomfort I feel in my psyche. There is just something about the boy! I take a chance and pull out an ice cube and flick it gently. He turns to look at me and smiles tiredly. Now, I know that nobody else heard that! That boy, like Byron, is part Magi! Of course… he is ice to Byron’s fire! I hope and pray that nobody else knows this!

 

 

Chapter 3: PUSHING and GUIDING by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Chapter writen by: MissMerlot 

 

CHAPTER 3 - PUSHING AND GUIDING


MIKA

 

I went by the loft and just managed to get into the building before the door shut. As I made my way upstairs, Fagin was just leaving. It took a lot of cajoling but I managed to persuade Byron to come to Ma’s. But he asked Fagin to come as well. That was really annoying, but at least I get to show him the pictures of his, I mean our future trick. I wonder if we could do him together, now that would be great!

 

“Mika, I am not getting out on the road. Get out!” Fagin grumbles, giving me a shove. I glare at him and get out. As usual, Byron is being cruised by the taxi driver but he seems really preoccupied.

 

“Byron, you okay?” I ask him and it takes him a while to turn to me. “You okay?” I repeat.

 

“Yeah, just had a busy day of it.”

 

As we enter Ma’s house, I am surprised to see Elvis there with Faye and two young teens. I frown as I recognise him. “You! You were that rude shit from the other night!”

 

He looks up at me and narrows his eyes. “Again, you walked into…”

 

“What are you doing in my mother’s house?!” I demand.

 

“Remember that kid who’s orphaned? Well this is him.” Ma holds up her hand and sighs. “Jules and Des, this is my son Mika. Next to him is Fagin and the wall leaner is Byron.”

 

“Sorry for your loss.” Byron says, and Fagin approaches, joining them at the table. “So Faye, are you helping him with his estate and stuff?”

 

“Yeah, he’s going to be a very rich young man. But first we have to get past the funeral and the like…”

 

“Well why don’t you take them back to his house and deal with it there. We adults need to…”

 

“Mika, is it?” The young woman interrupts. “He has just lost both of his parents and sister. Do the world a favour and show some compassion!” I feel my face start to go red. “You strike me as the kind of person who would demand sympathy if you were in his position!”

 

Everyone turns to look at me and I decide that I hate the mouthy little bitch! Byron has a particularly annoyed look on his face. “Sorry for your loss.” I mutter and get a curt nod in response.

 

“Wait a second, you said that he’s going to be a rich young man. How?” Fagin asks, staring at him again. “What’s your surname, Jules?”

 

“Thomas.” He replies.

 

“Who was your father?”

 

“Craig Thomas. He owned Thomas Electronics and…”

 

“Oh well. When you’re ready then, Byron and I will speak to you about the business.”

 

“Why would you and Byron need to speak to him?” I ask, barely containing my sneer.

 

“Because Byron owns half of his late father’s business.” Fagin explains, and looks across at Byron, who nods. “Faye can set that up with Cynthia, alright? Now, Di can they stay here in the interim? They look exhausted!”

 

“Why here?” I retort. “Can’t he go to his house?”

 

“Seriously?! I mean fucking seriously, Mika!” Ma snaps at me. “You guys go on up; Elvis can show you the way. I’ll make some hot chocolate for you.”

 

I watch them leave and the look that Des gives me is lethal. Okay, so not my finest comment, but what I meant was…

 

“He is not going to be interested.” Jules says as he passes me. “Not at all.”

 

DI

 

I frown as I look across at Byron, who has a ghost of a smirk round his lips.

 

“What a mess! A drunk driver, who of course, survived.” I grumble. “Now what are you guys going to do tonight?”

 

“Well I was…” Byron begins.

 

“We’re going to Woodlands.” Mika interrupts. “Come on guys!”

 

“Uh no, Mika. I am going home.” Byron stands and stretches. “I have had a long day and with that poor kid’s news, I am exhausted.”

 

“But…” He grumbles.

 

“But nothing. Later boys.” He states firmly and starts to leave, but then pauses and frowns. “Won’t be long.” He heads upstairs and I wave Fagin back and follow.

 

BEDROOM


DES

 

I hand him another tissue and try to stop the flow of blood from his nose. “What happened?” I jump at Byron’s voice.

 

“Don’t know. He just started bleeding.” I try to get him to tilt his head back.

 

“Forward.” He orders. “He needs to lean forward.” He sits next to Jules and moves me gently out of the way. “Can you get some ice please?”

 

“I’ll get it.” Di calls out from the door. “You get yourself cleaned up.” She orders.

 

JULES

 

“Byron, please listen to me.” I beseech him. “Whatever you do, don’t fuck the guy that Mika wants you to. I have a bad feeling about him.”

 

“What are…”

 

“Please?!” I insist urgently.

 

“Okay. I won’t.” He replies, arching an eyebrow.

 

Promise? You must promise that you won’t!” I whisper, looking him dead in the eyes.

 

“I promise.” He replies. “Now go and get some rest.” He tells me before frowning. “You punched yourself in the nose, didn’t you?” He asks and I nod. “You could’ve just asked to speak to me. You didn’t have to cause yourself physical pain.”

 

Oh for fuck sake!

 

“Stop swearing.” He chuckles and gently wipes my nose. “Let me see.” I tilt my head back and he checks my nostrils.

 

“Here’s the ice.” Di comes in and he places the wrapped cubes on my nose. “You need me anymore? Des has gone to bed now.”

 

“No. He’s going to be going to sleep soon.” He tells her before turning back to me. “Get in…”

 

I look at him and the green in his eyes flares, and suddenly I find myself feeling oh so very tired and just do as I’m told. In seconds, I am sound asleep.

 

MIKA

 

Ma and Byron finally come downstairs. “Come on, let’s go!” I order, having called a cab during their absence. “Cab will be here in five and it’s taking us to Woodlands because…”

 

“Mika, you’re doing the selective hearing thing again.” Byron sighs. “I am going home, alone, to sleep. You and the boys go do what you want to do.”

 

“But Byron…”

 

“Mika!” I turn to face him, impatiently.

 

“Leave him alone.” Elvis sighs crossly. “And, not that you care, but good night to you, too.”

 

He’s right, I don't care! I turn to speak to Byron, only to see the door closing. But before I can get to it Faye is there first, shutting it firmly. “Excuse me Faye, I have to…”

 

“Give it a rest!” She snaps. “You don't have to do anything; you want to! Right now, Byron needs rest!” I hear the beep of the cab and rush to the window to see Byron getting in. “And rest he shall have!”

 

JUNIPER ACADEMY - FOUR DAYS LATER


CYLO

 

Finally, Jules is back in school! He’s looking really tired, but still as beautiful as ever. I wait till Des leaves him alone- I swear she’s like a fucking limpet- and head over.

 

“Hey Jules. How are you?”

 

“Okay, I guess. Still hasn't sunk in yet. How are you?” He closes his locker and his eyes shine with tears. I want to hug him so bad, but I daren’t, not here. I need to get him alone for that.

 

“Alright. You were lucky, you missed a nasty test in your…” I stop myself as I see the fury in his face.

 

Lucky?!” He hisses, coming to a halt. “Yeah, become an orphan and you too, can miss out on tests! And for the record, I didn't miss out. I had to find a distraction and the test stopped me from thinking about that!”

 

“Jules, I didn't…” I reach out to him, but he steps away.

 

“Don't!” He snarls. “Don't ever speak to me again!” He stalks off without a backward glance.

 

“Nicely done, numbskull!” Des growls before running to catch up to him.

 

REAL ESCAPE COMICS - FRIDAY LUNCHTIME


MIKA

 

“Byron!” I look up in delight as he saunters in. I come round the counter to hug him. “How are you?”

 

He steps out of reach and sighs. “Mika, remember we had a talk about you trying to monopolize my time?”

 

I frown and try to think when we had that talk, let alone when I monopolize his time! “I’m your best friend, who…”

 

“Gave me a migraine yesterday when you came round to Kinnetic, and to the loft, trying to see me.”

 

“But...”

 

“But nothing. I am here to tell you that I’m going to be away on business for the next 10 days. Do not go to Kinnetic or the loft. I will be in Europe in various countries, trying to make inroads there. I will need to concentrate and not be disturbed by you.”

 

“Disturbed?” I pout.

 

“Yes, disturbed! There is about a five hour time difference between here and the countries I am going to be in, so your morning will be my night. Do you understand what I am saying?”

 

“So call you in my afternoon then?” I ask hopefully, working this out correctly.

 

He sighs. “Let me call you. I will be busy and not able to talk when you want me to.”

 

“Fine.” I nod with a fixed smile. “So we’re going to the diner now?”

 

“Yeah, will… Byron Kent…” He puts the call on mute. “I’ll meet you there. Have to take this. Hey Fagin...”

 

I watch him saunter down the street and roll my eyes. Since when do I have to wait?! As I go to lock up an idea hits me, and I pull up Bailey’s picture in readiness and then make a call.

 

DINER


BYRON

 

I take the booth and look around. I can’t wait to get away from the Street for a few days. I smile as Di comes over with coffee and a brownie. “Don’t speak until you have eaten that!” She orders, with the hot pot too close to my lap, so I do as I’m told!

 

“So where in Europe are you going?” She asks, rolling her eyes.

 

“Oh for fuck sake!” I growl and she pats my hand. “I wondered what the brownie was for!”

 

“Honey, you know what he’s like when it comes to this time of year…”

 

“Yes and I’m getting sick and tired of… what the hell is Jules doing here?” I demand as he slips into a booth by the window.

 

“Oh he’s meeting Faye to talk about his father’s business. He just wants it ‘over and done with’ unquote.” She sits back and sighs. “He’s gone back to school and had a rough couple of days. I think he’s actually going to quit.” I watch him fiddle with the napkin holder and she jerks her head.

 

“Yes ma’am.” I murmur and walk over. “Hey kid, how you holding up?” He looks up and he gives a small smile.

 

“Um, okay, I guess.”

 

“Bullshit. You feel like fucking shit and you just want to curl up into a ball.” He nods and takes a big breath. “Di!” I yell as I see Mika coming across the road and my first thought is to hide him but then I feel his annoyance. “Brownies please!”

 

“Coming right up, sweetheart!”

 

“Byron, why aren’t you… what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in school?” Mika sneers at Jules, sitting down next to me.

 

“Shouldn’t you be in kindergarten?” Jules snaps back and I clear my throat.

 

“Mika, Mr Thomas and I have to discuss business and…”

 

“What business could you possibly have with a 17 year… oh my God, come with me now!” He demands, grabbing my arm tightly and almost yanking me out of the seat, and then into the bathroom.

 

BATHROOM

 

“What the fuck’s wrong with you?!” I demand, rubbing my arm after wrenching it away from his grip.

 

“Byron, that is all kinds of wrong!” Mika hisses.

 

“What is?”

 

“First, he’s 17, and secondly, he’s just lost his parents. Yes, he’s attractive, in his own way, but you can’t seriously be thinking…” He trails off in the face of my incredulity.

 

“Mika.” I growl and step right up to him. “I own half of his late father’s company! The next time you cast an aspersion like that because of your goldfish memory, we will be done. Do you understand me?!”

 

“I-I for-forgot about that!” He babbles. “I’m…”

 

“Pathetic!” I hiss. “Now get out of my way under your own steam!” He quickly moves to the side and I stalk out. I head to the booth and grab my jacket. “With me, now.” I order Jules as I pass his table, and call Faye to meet us in the loft.

 

DI

 

The way that the door was slammed shut says he has mightily fucked up again. When he comes out of the bathroom, he looks shellshocked. He clambers onto the stool. “So what did you say this time?”

 

“I didn’t…” He protests before breaking into a smile as he sees someone approach. “Hey Bailey!” A very good looking man saunters over and he sits down, before smiling at me.

 

“So you’re Bailey.” I smile back at him. “How do you know Mika? I’m Di by the way. I’m his…”

 

“Come on Bailey, let’s go sit over there.” Mika orders and hauls him to the family booth.

 

4TH FLOOR LOFT LOUNGE- SAME TIME


JULES

 

“What’s wrong?” He looks up from the counter. “You dragged me out of there before I could eat my brownie. I like brownies.”

 

“Mika said something I found distasteful…”

 

“But you do want to; it’s just that we haven’t.” I reply quietly. His head shoots up and he frowns. “I’m not stupid.”

 

“Okay, that does it.” He picks up his phone. “Faye, how far away are you? Can we reschedule this meeting for next week? Thanks.” He hangs up and heads towards me, and again holds out his hand. I let him lead me down to the 3rd floor via the bookcase.

 

DINER


BAILEY

 

I stare at this best friend of the soon to be father of my child. “So what am I doing here?”

 

“I was trying to get Byron and you to meet, but he’s gone now. And he’s told me that he’s going to be away for the next ten days.”

 

Ten days?!

 

“Where is he going?” I ask, trying to keep the desperation out of my voice. I have less than three weeks!

 

“Europe. Not sure which parts but he’s doing some business for his company and…”

 

“Europe, you say? And when does he leave?”

 

“He didn’t say, but I think it will be soon.”

 

“Well, can you find out?” I demand tightly. “I have some business there too and…”

 

“Now, how do you think Byron would feel about you talking about his business to a perfect stranger?” A voice interrupts, and we both look up to see Faye. For a moment, I feel a flash of desire. But the coldness in her eyes kills it immediately!

 

“He’s not a perfect stranger; I know him!” Mika spits at her. “And besides, this isn’t a business discussion. It’s a personal one…” He smirks. “Bailey has an interest in Byron and he…”

 

“Doesn’t need your help finding conquests. And if Byron wants to find such a handsome man, he will.” Mika goes a bit red. I have always admired her forthrightness. “Now, if you’ll excuse me. Di, a word please!”

 

“She is such a bitch sometimes!” He mutters, before pasting on a smile. “However, I think I know where Byron is now and can take you to him.”

 

My hopes soar. “And where would that be?”

 

“His business. It’s called Kinnetic and…”

 

“Take me there now!” I order, and stand up. He leaps up excitedly and runs to hail a cab.

 

Soon... it will be soon!

 

3RD FLOOR LOFT


BYRON

 

I hand him a hot chocolate and sit opposite him and regard him carefully. “Tell me about your parents.”

 

“My mom and I were very close. Is it bad that I miss her more than my dad?” I shake my head and gesture for him to continue. “He wanted me to follow in his footsteps, and she wanted me to do my own thing. My sister Mildred, she was a daddy’s girl…” He starts to cry again and I pull him into my arms.

 

“So when are the funerals?” I ask quietly. “And what’s this I hear about you having a tough time at school?”

 

“The funerals are next Friday, ironically on my birthday. And as for school…” He goes on to tell me about Cylo and his band of merry fuckwits, giving him shit. And despite the teachers telling him to quit, he just keeps on going. They even came to the house, but luckily, he was with Des, but they were caught on the security camera.

 

“You are moving out of there!” I declare. “Is there somewhere else you can go?” He shrugs and I reach for my phone. “Want to stay with Di?” He melts into my arms in relief. “Let me sort this out. In the meantime, go and get some sleep.”

 

He nods before frowning. “Mika is not going to like that.”

 

“Mika doesn’t like a lot of things, but he’s going to have to suck it up.” I growl, and call Di.

 

Ten minutes later, he’s still awake so I join him on the bed. “What are you thinking about?”

 

“What you said, about Mika thinking that we had…”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Well… you do want to…”

 

I turn on my side and rest my head on my hand. “You are seeking the wrong kind of comfort right now. You are going through a horrible time and…” He surprises me when he gives me a soft kiss on the lips, which I feel in my toes!

 

“I know all that. It’s just that I like you, and I know you like me, and I’m going to be 18 soon and…”

 

“That’s a lot of ‘ands’. We are going to be working closely together and I don’t want to muddy the waters, as gorgeous as you are.”

 

“Gorgeous? Me?” He looks surprised.

 

“Yes, you. When it comes to your late father’s company, we…”

 

“How did you get the shares? There’s no way he would’ve sold them to you.” He rests on his elbow.

 

“Oh I didn’t buy them directly. I got them through an intermediary, all legal and above board.” I smile in remembrance as the last board member sold his shares. He looked so relieved to be gone from there.

 

“Jacobson is gay!” He blurts out, startling me.

 

“Now seriously, how the fuck are you doing that?!” I demand, pinning him to the bed. “Tell me! You knew when my phone was ringing, and what’s this about Mika and a… speak of the fucking devil! Yes Mika, what is it?! What do you mean where am I? It's not your concern! You’ve already fucked me off today! Why are you at Kinnetic? What guy?! Why would I want to meet one of your comic book friends… no, I don’t want you to send me the photo. For fuck…” I snap as my phone beeps and he hangs up. I bang my head repeatedly on his chest and this makes him laugh.

 

“Aren’t you going to look at the picture?” He prods me in the ribs.

 

“You look at it.” I mumble, and hand him the phone.

 

“He’s hot.” He murmurs. “How the hell does Mika know him?”

 

Curiosity gets the better of me and I take a look. Yes, he is hot, but he does nothing for me. No, not a damn thing…. “Don’t know. Don’t care. As for hotness… seen and had better.” I shrug and toss my phone to the side. He laughs some more and that makes me smile. “Okay, I’m going to leave you to rest.”

 

“You can have it.” He looks at me with utter seriousness, and I gulp.

 

“What?”

 

“The company. You can have it. I have no interest in it. Do what you want with it. I was never going to work there. Never!” He repeats firmly and I frown. “I overheard him one day, talking to Mom, telling her that she had to get me to accept what was going to happen; that he was going to put me in charge and guide me when I left the academy. At least that was the plan until Mildred came of age, whether I wanted that or not. And I don’t want that! I just wish I’d told my mom the truth about me before she died.”

 

“I think she knew.” I tell him as I brush the hair from his forehead. “Or she wouldn’t have supported you the way she did.”

 

“So, will you take it?” He looks so determined.

 

“Yes. We will draw up the papers, but after the funerals, not before. Give yourself time, okay?

 

“Okay.” He blinks a couple of times.

 

“Yes. Yes I will come with you, if that’s what you are trying to ask.”

 

“It is, and thank you.”

 

CYLO’S BEDROOM - THURSDAY EVENING


CYLO

 

He’s not been at the house for the last week almost, and when we are in school, he ignores me! I’ve seen Des around and she’s not speaking to me either! I hear the stones being thrown at my window and open it. I smile down at my friends and climb down carefully.

 

When we get to his house, there are lights on and I whisper at the others to stay back. As I approach the window, I see him sitting on the floor, drawing. He calls out to someone, and I smile at his smile and at him laughing. I wait to see what he’s asking for, and my guts hit the floor… who the fuck is that?! And why is he smiling at him like that?!

 

 

Chapter 5: HIDING, SEEKING and SHOWING TRUE COLORS by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Chapter written by: MissMerlot 

 

CHAPTER 5 - HIDING, SEEKING AND SHOWING TRUE COLOURS

DI


“Et eos celatur. Sint tutum. Et vide quid bonum nisi verum.” (Keep them hidden. They are safe. I see what is good but the truth) I murmur as I leave, and smile to myself as I lead everyone but Byron and Jules out. Des is not in, and now I know his name, Cylo’s line of fire as the son of Hades wants Jules! Well there is a definitely going to be a problem with that. Byron and Jules have met; they are linked! Not fully, but they will be.


No meddling!


Me… meddle, Master? Never!


Want to be without your powers for the weekend! I know you have your eyes on that ring!


Not meddling! Not meddling!


I chuckle as I drive off.


BACK IN THOMAS MANSION LOUNGE

JULES


I’m not sure what happened but I think Byron does. “Can I ask…”


“Yes, but I won’t tell you. Not my place. Besides, I’m not entirely sure myself.”


“Oh please!” I pout and he smirks before pulling me up from the sofa.


“No. You are tired. You need to get some rest.” The green of his eyes flare again, and I feel myself starting to get tired but I step away from him and it lessens. “Jules, come here.”


“No, Byron. Don’t.” I step back as he advances and he frowns. “You said you wouldn’t do anything I didn’t want to and I don’t want to sleep. So please don’t make me.”


“Okay.” He sighs and gathers his jacket. “Will you be okay here by yourself though?”


“I don’t have to be by myself.” I begin tentatively. “Y-you could stay…” He pauses and regards me carefully. “You told Mika that you were going away on business, but you’re not and....” I babble, but pause when he puts his finger on my lips.


“I’ll stay, but no funny business!” He grins. “I don’t want you taking advantage of me!”


“How…”


“Till you ask me to leave.” He replies. “Now I’m going to pack…” He looks at his watch. “I’ll be back as quickly as I can. In the meantime, do not open the door for anybody!”


I grin and nod. He kisses me gently on the cheek and then he leaves. I frown, as again, I have this unsettling feeling. So I call my late father’s travel contact and get him to make some bookings for Byron, all over Europe, including hotels. It doesn’t lessen the feeling, but it makes it a bit better.


4TH FLOOR LOFT, TWO HOURS LATER

BYRON


I shake my head as the hammering on the door continues. I was hoping if I ignored him, he would go away. But as usual, Mika is using his determination for the wrong fucking purpose. I wrench open the door. “You knocked.” I drawl sarcastically, and once again, it’s lost on him as he pushes past and into my home.


“Where have you been?!” He demands truculently, folding his arms.


“Working.” I retort shortly, heading to the bedroom. Of course, he follows. “I’ve been planning my trip. You know, the one I told you about.”


“You’re going now?” He gasps.


“Problem?” I sigh.


“It’s just that I wanted you to meet the guy that I was telling you about. He’s hot and keen for a good fucking.”


“Then you fuck him… oh wait, you’re a bottom. So the solution to your problem is to have him fuck you to get that itch out of your system, because I don’t want him anywhere near mine. Now I have to finish packing so that I can catch my flight.”


“You’re seriously going now?!” He shrieks.


“Yes.” I grind out and then frown as a sudden thought assails my mind. Breathe. I take a breath and continue to pack. Mika continues to stare at me.


“Byron...” He sighs. “Can’t you go tomorrow or something? I’ve barely seen you and…”


“What do you do for a living?” I demand, pausing in packing.


“I run a comic bookstore, you know that.”


“And what do I do?” I bite out. And again, breathe assails my mind.


“You run Kinnetic.” He grumbles. “What is this? Let’s see whose dick is bigger?”


“The Street knows the answer to that!” I snap and sigh. “Mika, in order for my business to grow, I need to go where the money is and right now that’s Europe. Now I am going on the red eye to France whether you like it or not! Now please go while there is still a friendship to argue over!”


“Fucker! All this disregard, after everything I’ve done for you...” His eyes fill with tears and when he sees it’s not working, he sniffs pathetically. “Can I at least stay here while you’re gone?”


“Mika, I am not leaving you in my loft. Go cry at home!”


“Fine! The next time you need someone to drive you home after you’ve gotten wasted, it won’t be me! I guess I shall see you when you’re back, if I feel like it!” He shouts and storms out, slamming the door hard.


“It never was.” I mutter to myself. “And if that doesn’t happen, such is life.” I finish packing and head to the garage, but something stops me. So I head out and wait to hail a cab.


“Gayopolis Airport please.” I tell him and get in. As we pull out, I spot a car following us and sigh.


“Problem, buddy?” I look up and gape. “Go to sleep Byron, I’ve got you.”


As much as I try and fight, Di wins, as usual!


THOMAS MANSION - FRIDAY MORNING

BYRON’S ROOM

BYRON


I sit bolt upright and look around. Dammit Di! I carp, and get up, pushing her all too familiar cackle out of my head. I head to the bathroom and then downstairs, to find Jules laughing at the TV, waving his feet about.


“What are you doing?”


“You’re awake!” He leaps up concerned. “You were so zoned out last night, I was worried!”


“I’m fine, just a little more tired than I thought.” I reassure him as he tries to push me onto the sofa.


“Are you sure?” He asks sweetly and biting his lip with concern.


“Yes. Actually no. I am hungry.”


“Oh! Come on, I can make you breakfast!” He orders grabbing, my hand and dragging me to the kitchen.


KITCHEN


I just look around and smile as he starts pulling out things to make breakfast. “Isn’t it customary to ask what the guest wants for breakfast?” I ask as I take a seat by the island.


“What do you… oh, I know! A bacon and egg muffin with matoes and cream… no sriracha!”


“Jules...” He turns to me and I raise my eyebrows, then he grins.


“Di told me it’s your soothing breakfast.”


“I don’t do soothing…”


“Byron…”


“Okay, make it then.” I grump.


Thirty minutes later, we are back in the lounge eating the rolls and watching cartoons. When we finish, he rests his head in my lap and I start to stroke his hair. “Blanket.” He mumbles and I pull it down on top of him and soon he’s sleeping. I follow him soon after.


OUTSIDE THOMAS MANSION - FOUR HOURS LATER

CYLO


What the fuck?! What the actual fuck?! My thoughts race when I take in what is in front of me. When the fucking hell did this go on sale?! I look at the boarded up mansion and can’t believe it. So if this is boarded up, where the fuck is Jules?!


I storm back to the car and gun it back to school.


CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT, PARIS - FRIDAY AFTERNOON

BAILEY


Here I come Byron, ready or not! I smile to myself. When Mika told me that Byron was still going to Europe, it was simple enough to find out his travel information. Halo is useful for things like that. I hail a cab and make my way to his hotel. As I settle down for the ride, my mind goes back to Halo. It’s a shame that his parents were killed, but I had to practice my skill on someone. He had said during an argument that he wished they were dead, so I merely granted him that. But lately, there seems to be a distance between us. Whenever I try to reach him, he seems to block me off. I must look into his powers further. Not that I am worried, I am Ice-Tina after all!


Ah, here we are. Time for me to become a mother!


GAYOPOLIS CEMETERY - FRIDAY AFTERNOON

FUNERAL OF THOMAS FAMILY

BYRON


He is doing so well! He’s looking a little pale, but other than that, he’s held himself together. Di and the rest of the gang are also here. He gave a great speech, only breaking down and needing Des when he was talking about his mother. There is a younger man here too and they seem close. I look at Di and she nods, so I relax.


Finally, the service is at an end. “Come on folks, let’s go back to the diner. I’ve got stuff already sorted there.” Di orders gently, and we follow without a word.


DINER - AN HOUR LATER

JULES


“Halo!” I sniff and embrace my cousin. He hugs me back, fiercely. “How are you?!”


“Pretty much the same as you.” He blinks back tears. “Fucking shit! At least, you got a burial though. I... I never even got that.” His shoulders start to shake.


“Hey kiddo… now you come here.” Di comes over and pulls him into her arms. For the first time since his parents’ death, he grieves. “Who is he?” She whispers.


“Halo.” Comes the muffled voice from her bosom. “And I can’t really breathe in here!”


“Oh, sorry sweetheart!” She lets him go and he immediately takes in lungfuls of air. “Halo, you said?” He nods. “How do you know this little cherub?”


“Cherub?!” Halo chuckles. “I’m his cousin. His mom was my mom’s sister.”


“Oh. Where is she?” Debs looks around.


“Dead.” He replies dully.


“Oh, dear God!” Elvis gasps and he scoops him into a booth. “You are nothing but skin and bones. Come, you must eat!” Halo looks bewildered as Elvis whirls round to face me. “And you two, too!” He orders Des and I, and we sit.


Five minutes later, we are groaning as the burgers and fries hit the spot.


“What the fuck, Byron?!” A voice screeches. “You said you were going to Europe!”


Everyone turns to the door where an incredulous Mika is standing there, managing to scowl and gape at the same time.


“This is a private function, Mika. Go away!” Fagin orders him.


“No! I want to speak to Byron!” He yells, advancing further into the diner. “You lied to me! You have never lied to me before…”


“SHUT UP, MIKA! THIS IS A WAKE!” Byron bellows.


“A what?!” He stammers and looks around and starts to go red. “Wh-who died?”


“My business partner’s parents. Remember? He sure as fuck does!” He stalks towards him and grabs his elbow, dragging him outside.


“That guy is such an asshole.” Des mutters.


BYRON


I pace around for a few minutes, knowing that my immediate thought of giving him a slap is a bad idea! “What on earth were you thinking screaming like that?!” I snarl at him.


He folds his arms and stares mutinously at me. “You lied to me!” He snaps back.


“Mika. For. The. Last. Time. I don’t answer to you! I am here to support my new business partner, who is now an orphan. If you can’t be civil, then... Fuck. Off!”


He gapes at me, before his shoulders slump. “You could’ve told me you were back. I’m your…”


“PEST! You are being a fucking pest!” I snap. “He needs us, all of us, at this time. Now what’s it to be?”


“Why does he need us? Why does he need you? Surely he has other people to hold his fucking hand during this sad time?” Mika sneeringly mocks, and I feel a frisson of fear at his hatred for someone he barely knows.


“Go home, Mika.” I glower at him until he heads off down the road. “How have you changed so badly?” I mutter as I head back inside.


The rest of the wake passes without incident, but I can feel a sense of hatred outside the diner.


MIKA’S APARTMENT - AN HOUR LATER

MIKA


Fucking twink! I throw my keys across the room and then myself onto the sofa. Shit! I need to call Bailey! I grab my phone but it goes to voicemail. I leave a message then throw that onto chair opposite.


I never thought I would say this, but I can’t wait for Byron to get the fuck out of Gayopolis! Hopefully, when he’s back from his business trip, he can get back to being what he’s supposed to fucking be, which is my best friend!


HILTON PARIS LA DEFENSE, PARIS - EARLY SATURDAY MORNING

BAILEY


For fuck sake! I pace around the room having spent the last two hours invoking chants, trying to locate Byron, but nothing! And now I know why... he’s back in fucking Gayopolis!


“Calm yourself, Calista! You will have him. He is not due to check out until Wednesday, just be patient. In the meantime, revertere ad me, pulchritudo! (return me to my beauty)” I invoke and once again I am my gorgeous self Calista. “Time to have some fun!”


THOMAS MANSION - SATURDAY AFTERNOON

HALO’S ROOM

HALO


I open my eyes and the first thing I feel is at peace. For the first time in months, I don’t have to put my mind up. I look round the room and chuckle quietly. I get up and pick up the robe Jules left out for me. I pad to the bathroom and then downstairs, coming to a halt. Jules is stretched out sound asleep on the sofa with his head in Byron’s lap and his feet on Des’ lap.


“How’s he doing?” I whisper as I approach. Des indicates I should take her place, and when I do, she runs upstairs. Byron and I exchange grins. “How long has she been sitting there?”


“About two hours.” He replies quietly. I don’t comment on the fact that he and Jules are holding hands and he’s stroking his palm. “Sorry about your folks.”


“Thanks. Still can’t believe almost the same thing happened to Jules.”


“How did…?”


“Car exploded. They were incinerated.” I reply quietly. “Nothing left.” We don’t say anything for a while. “Can I ask you a question?” He nods. “You going to take care of him? I know about the family business thing but judging by that…” I nod at their hands. “You both feel something else.” I expect him to let go but he doesn’t, and that makes me feel better. “I’ll leave him with you.”


BYRON - TWO HOURS LATER


I have a problem! I have discovered that Jules nuzzles in his sleep, which would be great if he hadn’t turned around and was nuzzling my crotch! I tremble as I try to shift him back a bit so I can make a bit of room and calm down! But every time I move him backwards, he moves right back where he was, like a dick-seeking-missile!


“Oh for the love of God!” I groan as he burrows in deeper...and then I catch a flash of blue. The mischievous little shit is awake!


“Hi!” He grins impishly at me.


“Hi.” I manage to gasp out as I shove him upright. “That was…”


“Good?” He looks innocently at me, his eyes dancing.


“Naughty!” I admonish, and start to think of lady parts.


“Not going to work.” He smirks and he blinks at me.


“You have a dark streak a mile wide!” I growl and haul him into my lap. He giggles as I tickle him. He’s then screaming with laughter and begging me to stop, but I have no intention of doing so. In his squirming, we end up face to face and suddenly, he stops giggling. And his eyes smoke over. “Okay. Jules, seriously, I am going to let you go now. It would be a good idea if you get up, or I will kiss you.”


He doesn’t move.


“Jules, please?” I beg even as my hand goes into his soft hair.


He brushes my lips with trembling fingers.


“D-don’t…” I whisper as I lower my head, and then all is forgotten when he meets me halfway.


At first, it is just us pressing our lips together, but then his tongue comes out and tentatively touches my lips. And that is it for me! I give him access, and he is squirming around in my arms so that he is straddling me. Now would be good! Now would be good! I am screaming out for help. But none is forthcoming. As his tongue touches mine, I feel like I have popping candy in my mouth, tiny sweet explosions occurring everywhere his tongue touches.


The only sound that is heard is our breathing as the kissing intensifies. I don’t know how long we were kissing before he groans into my mouth and starts to rut against me… seriously some fucking help here!


He needs this… and so do you!


I give in and let him do what he needs to do, until he’s whimpering into my neck and I am straining for release. “By-Byron...oh!”


“Jules!” I cry out and we collapse back against the sofa.


DINER

DI


Touchdown!


“What are you smiling about?” Mika grumbles.


“Football.” I tell him.


JUNIPER ACADEMY - MONDAY MORNING

HEADMASTER DUFFY’S OFFICE

HEADMASTER DUFFY


Although I shouldn’t feel relief that they want to test out early, I do. While they are two of the smartest students, they are also two of the most outspoken. And here at Juniper, we prefer silence and studiousness.


“Fine. We will arrange for the tests on Thursday.”


“Thank you.” Destiny smiles thinly. “We will be out of your hair soon enough.”


When they stand up and leave, I heave a sigh of relief as the door closes.


LOCKERS

DES


I look across at Jules as he starts to empty his locker. He’s grinning, but there is something else.


“What’s up with you?” I ask him as he smiles to himself.


“Nothing.” He mutters, wiping the smile off his face.


“Bullshit.” I stand in front of him. “Something has happened. Give.”


“Nothing.” He repeats, continuing to empty his locker. I tap him on the shoulder and keep tapping. “Ouch. Jeez, alright!” He grumbles rubbing his shoulder. “We kissed and we....”


“What?!” I gasp.


“No, not that!” He blushes. “But we… um… dry humped…”


“You did!” She gasps. “You devil! So what was it like with Byron…”


“What was what like with Byron?!” I close my eyes as I hear the anger in Cylo’s voice.


“It is none of your business what Jules does with his boyfriend, Cylo. After all, you’re all about the pussy, or aren’t you?!”


He glares at me and looks up the corridor before stepping towards me. “You know, I have always wanted to do this!” He hisses, and before I can defend myself he has stabbed me twice in the stomach and I slump to the floor.


HALO


“DES!” I feel rather than hear Jules scream and start running. As I come round the corner, I see Jules trying to shield Des from the frenetic stabbing of Cylo, and he stabs him about four or five times. But still, Jules shields her.


“Salutem! (safety)” I incant, and they are gone.


Cylo is looking confused by their disappearance and during this confusion, I see… I see what he has done, and who he has done it for


THOMAS MANSION BASEMENT - TWO HOURS LATER

DI


I look at their bodies and clean them gently. I hear the thunder of steps and I know it is Byron.


“What the fuck happened?!” He sobs as he strokes Jules’s hair.


“Cylo happened.” Halo tells him. “Cylo and Calista. She killed my parents! And he killed Jules’ parents and now he has killed him and Des, partially on her order!” He stands. “I will fucking kill her!”


“No, you won’t!” Master barks, and with a flick of his wrist, Halo crumples to the floor. “He will be fine.” He turns to Byron, who is weeping unashamedly. “Do you want to save them?”


“He’s gone! She’s gone! They were so young!” He sobs.


“That’s not what I asked. I asked, do you want to save them?”


“Byron…” I put my hand on his shoulder.


“He killed innocents. Pure innocents and only the love, whatever that love may be, can save them. Now do you want to save them?”


“Yes! Of course, I do!” He sobs.


“Then look at Des and repeat after me. Amicus meus terrenum redire!” (My friend, return to earth)


“Amicus meus terrenum redire!”


At first nothing happens. Byron and I are waiting with the air hitched in our throats. Then slowly the wounds on her stomach start to heal. He whirls round to Master and gasps. “Vic!”



“Uncle Vic, if you please!” He smiles at him. “Now go to Jules and repeat after me; verus amor meo reditu ad terram. (My true love, return to earth).


“Verus amor meo reditu ad terram! Please Jules, please!”

 

“It will take time for them to come back. But come back, they will.” He smiles. “Nunc autem requiem (but now rest).” Byron slumps to the floor in stasis. Invoking chanting, he lifts both Halo and Byron up alongside Jules and Des. “You go back, I will guard them. In the meantime, gather the rest of them together… it is time.”

 

 

Chapter 6: Recovery is a Friend of Mine by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Chapter written by: MissMerlot 

 

CHAPTER 6 - RECOVERY IS A FRIEND OF MINE

THE UNDERGROUND - WEDNESDAY EVENING

CYLO


I still feel off. Everything seems to be normal at school; the only thing is that Jules and Des aren’t there. I have been back to the mansion a couple of times and it’s still boarded up and for sale. The other thing is that there is no Halo.


“He still not back?” I ask around, and people shake their heads. “Where is he?!” I snap.


“He’s recently lost his folks and his aunt and uncle. It’s a lot of shit to deal with.” Cody calls out.


“Relatives are overrated!” I growl. “And where’s Calista?”


“Europe.”


“Seriously, still?!” I seethe.


“Dude, what’s the big deal? They’ll be back soon enough.” Cody replies, bumping my shoulder. “So what about this Jules guy? You close to getting him where you want… moaning and whimpering under you?”


“Shut up!” I hiss, dragging him off to one corner. “Look! You said you wouldn't mention that to anybody! I was buzzed when I told you that!”


“Calm yourself. And take your hand off me.” Cody growls and I do so. “Better. Now what's this fretfulness about?”


“I had a really intense dream that I killed Des and Jules. Well, I think it was a dream, but it seemed so real.”


He frowns and then laughs. “You almost had me then!”


“No, I’m serious! I was at school and they were by the lockers and Des got in my face again. Then I stabbed her, Jules tried to stop me and I ended up stabbing him too, but then I was alone in the corridor and they’ve not been seen since.”


“With me.” He orders, and I follow him to his room. “Give me the knife!”


He holds it to the light and looks at it carefully. “You sure you used this?” I nod emphatically. “You were wearing those clothes?”


“Dude, it's bad enough that I go there. Having more than one uniform is…”


“True dat!” He snickers. “Cylo, there is no blood on you or the knife. If you had killed them at school, it would be all over the news! Use your head to think sometimes, not fantasise! Now come on! Your object of lustfuck will be back soon enough.”


BASEMENT, THOMAS MANSION - SAME TIME

VIC, THE MASTER


I smile to myself. Oh yes, he will be back, but not as you know it! I look across at my charges and sigh. Of all of them, Byron is the one fighting the hardest to reawaken, and I smile at the reason why. No matter how many times I move Jules away, he drifts back to Byron and the same with Halo for Des, but his is less intense. I move him back and he stays put for a while.


“Master?” Di’s presence is no surprise “I think… no, I know you were right.”


I say nothing. She’s got to admit this to herself out loud.


“I can still read you, you know. You may be…”


“Your teacher and Master, but you are still my big sister?” I quip, and we laugh at the oft-repeated mantra.


“Yeah, that. But you were right not to let him have his powers. Mika, I mean. But what I don't get is why you gave them to Byron. He is already…”


“A fire magi, yes, but he needed balancing. His parents upset the applecart, as it were, having him and for him to survive…”


“You need to…” She nods at Jules as once again, he drifts. “That boy is determined. You gotta give him that. He’s like a moth to Byron’s flame. I’ve never seen a connection so strong from the onset! ” She laughs as I flick him back again.


“Yeah. That bears watching closely. If for no other reason, it will be entertaining. But what made you bring Mika up?”


“He’s been bitching and moaning in the diner. He keeps trying to call Byron and of course...”


“Hmmm.” I pause as this time, Byron drifts. “Oh no, you don't. Now listen! You all need time to heal both physically and mentally. So stay where I put you or I put you all in separate rooms. You can't go through walls!” I order, almost sternly. “Rest now!”


Byron drifts back and he stops fighting.


“And stop pouting, Jules.” I chuckle as the disgruntled moue slips from his lips as he goes back to stasis.


“About Mika…” Di sighs. “He’s getting, if it were possible, worse.”


“That’s why.” I tell her and she frowns. “That’s also why I gave those powers to Byron. He needed them to be able to resist Mika. He would have been able to compel Byron if he had his powers. Not only that, but Mika is proving to be sneaky, and as reckless and rebellious as I always thought he would be. He would have been too powerful for Byron to resist emotionally, when they were so young. Besides Byron needed to follow his path to…”


“His one true love?” She raises an eyebrow. “You little trickster.”


“I didn't trick. I merely med… helped, things along a little. Just like you and the sofa.”


“Moi?”


“You lowered his resistance to Jules just a tad, no?” She grins. “Now when are they coming?” I demand now, focusing on the soon to be battle at hand. “We have to keep them here until the 14th. If she can sense him, she will be back quickly. Too much is hanging in the balance.”


“The gang have agreed to come over for 12:00 on Saturday. Will they be healed by…?” She trails off in the face of my offended glare. “Apologies.”


“As you should.”


HILTON LA DEFENSE PARIS - THURSDAY MORNING

BAILEY


As I check out, I cannot understand why I haven’t seen or felt Byron. Halo has not returned my calls either. As I settle the bill, I slide my shades on and head to the airport. Next stop, Italy!


DINER - FRIDAY AFTERNOON

MIKA


Finally, I have caught up with one of them! Fagin is sitting in the back booth. I plonk down in front of him but he just continues to read the paper and sip his coffee.


“Fagin.” I tap the page he is reading and he looks up and sighs. “Where’s Byron?”


“Italy.” He replies, and goes back to reading.


“Where in Italy?” I demand, and ignore the glare from Ma.


“Italy, Italy.” He retorts.


“Byron is....”


“Busy working and in Italy.” He interrupts, and drains his cup, then stands and gathers his things.


“Where are you going?!” I demand as my temper rises. He’s taken to walking away from me more and more. Well that shit stops now!


“To work, where you should also be.” He bites out. “While Byron is away, we are in charge of Kinnetic and it helps, oh so much, if I am there to help Cynthia!”


“You’re being sarcastic! I can tell!” I snap.


This you can tell? Now just catch up with all the other things you’re supposed to tell and Gayopolis will be a happier place!”


I follow as Fagin strides out of the diner and catch the roll of Ma’s eyes, but ignore her calls for me to come back.


I catch up easily with Fagin and grab his arm. “Now you listen to me! I want to know where in Italy Byron is and…”


“If he wanted you to know then he would’ve told you! As it is, you don’t even know what flight he’s coming back on…” He looks around before stepping closer to me, pushing me into a dark alley. “I will not be touched or spoken to like that by you ever again. Like Byron, my patience with you is at an end!”


I step back a bit in shock. He’s never stepped up to me like that before!


FAGIN


One more word...Oh please, let him say one more word, and I swear I will break every bone in his mouth and throat! I am normally not a violent man, but Mika has a tendency to make me wish I acted on impulse. And right now, that impulse is screaming at me to kill him. Ever since the funeral, Mika has been trying to hunt Byron down. Consequently, it also extended to comments about his budding friendship with Jules. It had gotten so bad, that I had began avoiding the Diner, until today. It just kills him that he isn’t privy to all the goings-on in Byron’s life, or having a way to pin him down. Well tough shit! I’m not giving him anything unless it’s a good swift kick in the ass for being an unmitigated jackass!


For the last half an hour, Di had been invading my brain to get to Kinnetic posthaste. But instead of answering her when I should have, I am now stuck here with the human pestilence, otherwise known- to himself, at least- as Byron’s best friend. Had the nimrod been more observant, he would have realized that that hasn’t been the case for more than half their lives. I swear, I have to get away from him now before the road to hell will be paved with Mika, instead of good intentions!


After I repeat my warning low in his ear, I turn and leave him in the alley I dragged him into, before a police chalk outline is warranted.


MIKA

 

As he walks away, I take a shaky breath. But then when he’s gotten far enough ahead, I start to follow.


ELVIS


Oh I am fit to be fucking tied! I watched Mika harangue Fagin, and my head starts to pound and suddenly I say “Fagin...ut fugeret duplicatam (time to escape and duplicate)!” And the headache and anger is gone.


KINNETIC - SECONDS LATER

FAGIN’S OFFICE

FAGIN


What the fuck?! How the hell did I get back here so quickly?! I look around and see the reports neatly piled and completed and also a cup of coffee, steaming hot. I scramble up and go to find Cynthia.


“Hey, you ready?” She smiles at me, and then her face falls. “You okay?”


“What time is it?” I look around.


“Three. We’ve got BioRight in ten minutes.” I frown. “Fagin, seriously, are you okay?”


“Ten minutes? Have I been in the office all this time?”


“Yeah, you were working on the reports.”


“Has Mika been here?”


“Mika? God, no!” She gives me a shake and I give her a small smile. “Now come on! Let’s go sign them. By the way, have you heard from Byron?”


“No, but I’m not surprised. All those men and being Mika free can keep a horny boy busy!”


MIKA


Seriously, where the fuck is Fagin going? He’s going all over the damn city! I am exhausted but I know, I just know he knows where Byron is! And I shall keep following him until I fucking find out!


CYLO’S RESIDENCE - FRIDAY EVENING

LOUNGE

CYLO


All the boys from The Underground are here. My parents, such as they are, are out carousing somewhere. But again, no Halo.


“Anything in the news?” Cody teases me and I scowl.


“Okay people, let’s party!” I shout, and start to raid their drinks cabinet, finally reassured that I didn’t do what I think I did.


BASEMENT, THOMAS MANSION - SATURDAY LUNCH TIME

DI


Silence, complete silence. Not through anything that I have said, but because of what they are staring at.


“What happened?” Fagin approaches Byron quietly and looks at me. I nod that he can touch him. “Oh thank god, he’s warm!”


“They are just in stasis… as in sleeping.” They all whirl around at Vic’s voice and gape. “Hello everyone!” He chuckles before turning to Cynthia. “My name is Vic, and you are Cynthia. Nice to meet you.”


“How did…?” She begins.


“I know everything about you. Now don’t panic and sit down.”


“Vic, it is you, right?” Elvis stammers.


“Yes it is me, Elvis.”


“Again, what happened?” Fagin demands.


“Jules and Des were killed. But Byron brought them back, with my help of course. He’s not quite strong enough... yet.”


K-killed?” Faye stutters. “Str-strong en…”


“You all have powers.” Vic interrupts. He always goes for the rip off the bandage approach!


“Powers?” Cynthia looks around, and they are all confused.


“Was it you?” Elvis asks, grinning. “Did you put the words…”


“Oh yes, I did enjoy that one!” Vic laughs. “And Fagin that was me, too! But Elvis you did the rest, nicely done!”


“The office? You put me back?” He goes to sit back down, but still keeps his eyes on Byron. Vic was right. Fagin is his true best friend.


“So who or what is Mika following now?” Elvis laughs.


“What you created.” He smiles.


“A doppleganger that only Mika can see? I did that?!” He looks so proud. “But how?”


“You were so angry that you just did it. But only after I cleared your mind to allow your first proper powertrip. You have the power of confusion and sleight of hand.” Vic smiles. “You can create images, but more importantly, you can keep those you want enchanted, for lack of a better word, holding on to those images. Well, until you decide to take them away.”


“Yeah right.” Fagin scoffs.


“Show them Fagin’s home.” Vic orders. “Just take your time and concentrate on his home and them.”


“What the fuck?!” Fagin gasps, as he sees Mika, looking through the windows round the back of his house. “Get the fuck away from there!” He shouts, throwing up his hands, and suddenly Mika flies backwards.


“And that’s your power, Fagin!” I laugh. “Your power lies in the darkness. Being in the dark is where you get your strength, which means you can also create objects to open or obstruct.”


“Great…” He mutters, crossly.


“Didn’t you see what you did?!” Faye gasps. “You threw Mika across the garden, but you were right here! How did we get these powers though?”


“Everyone is born with a power. But you are only gifted them by your parents when you are old enough and worthy of them.” Di replies, sighing sadly.


“You mean Mika has powers, too?!” Elvis gasps.


“No. He doesn’t.” I reply. “Vic refused - rightly in hindsight - to allow me to gift them to him, but they had to go somewhere. So…”


“Byron has them.” Vic interrupts. “As…”


“Protection against Mika.” Cynthia declares, and then claps her hand over her mouth. “How do I know that?”


“Because you are the guardian of the group, especially Byron. You, like Jules, are in his psyche. You can, well you all can sense danger... but Cynthia has the ability to read the power of your enemies and....” Her shoulders slump in disappointment, and he smiles.


“Oh, I was hoping for something a bit more kick ass than that!”


“Look at Elvis and and beckon.” He orders. She does as she’s bid and immediately the image of the house is gone! “And the ability to take it away. So use it carefully. Now give it back!”


“How?” She frowns.


“Say ‘reditus’ (return).” He tells her.


“Reditus.” She repeats and the room is filled with the image again.


“What’s mine?!” Faye demands.


“Now you my darling Faye, you are going to like this. Because you can shape shift and bend light to your will.”


“Shit! Oh fuck, really?!” She squeals.


“Aww.” Elvis pouts.


“But...only to one of the others…”


“Uh, Master.” I prompt, and he turns around and smiles.

 

“Ah, they are healed.” He tells them and there is silence as Byron, Jules, Des, and Halo start to wake up.

 

End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks

Chapter 7: FRIENDS, KNOW THINE ENEMY by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Chapter written by MissMerlot 

CHAPTER 7 - FRIENDS, KNOW THINE ENEMY

TAYLOR MANSION LOUNGE- FRIDAY EVENING

VIC


They look around in slight confusion. “How you feeling, Des?” I ask gently, and she frowns.


“Like I’ve been sucking on a dirty jockstrap.” She grumbles back, sitting up and looking around. “Where are we?”


“Basement of the Thomas Mansion. It is a protected space, so you couldn’t be sensed while you were recovering. That protection now extends to the entire house, so we can go upstairs. You need to go and shower then join us in the lounge. Eas capere (take them there)!”


“Wow!” Elvis gasps as they disappear. “Can I do that?”


“With training. Now come all!”


KITCHEN

DI


I look across at Elvis and laugh as he tries and fails to find out from Vic what else he can do. I am keeping an eye on Byron and Jules while keeping them apart… it is not time yet. While Byron is fairly relaxed about it, Jules is getting more than a little frustrated and has stomped his feet more than once as I blocked him from the bathroom that Byron is in. And if that little devil thinks he can mentally block me, he better think again.


“Jules, go and put some clothes on or I shall put you back in the basement!” I yell up.


“Mean lady!” He yells back.


“Not time yet! And put your tongue back in your mouth. Again, it’s not time for that yet either!” I bellow back, but chuckle soon afterwards. He’s such a determined little imp!


Forty minutes later, they are all downstairs. “Now everyone eat and then I will explain what has and will happen.” Vic orders.


BYRON


We wait for Di to finish in the kitchen and join us in the lounge.


“Now.” Vic clears his throat. “Your futures have all been mapped out. Between us, Di and I have been carefully steering each of you in the direction you needed to be. Unfortunately, we can’t control people with whom we are not connected. For that Halo, I am sorry. If I had realised that she was just trying out her magic, then I would’ve tried to stop her. By the time I realised it, her spell was in hand, although I made sure they didn’t suffer. I owed you that much.”


“Thank you. But I still…”


“No, you can’t, son. As much as you want to, you can’t. She is much too powerful for you.”


“But I can block her.”


“Yes, you can block evil because… uhm. Well, because of how you are at the moment. But the moment you are not that way, she will be able to push through.”


“You are talking in riddles!” Elvis grumps before widening his eyes. “Oh, I see!”


Halo goes slightly pink and looks at his feet.


“And that’s why Jules, you and Byron need to stay away from each other until the 14th.” Vic tells him. “Until she is no longer fertile.”


“Who is she?” Des demands.


“Ice-Tina, the Snow Queen, or as she’s known in her human form recently, Calista.”


“Calista? As in my ex?!” Faye demands.


Exes.” Vic corrects and she looks astonished. “All the long-term partners you’ve had have been her, in one form or another.”


“What on earth for? What does she want… wait! Is it Byron?” She questions and he nods as I frown. “Why does she want Byron so badly?”


“Because he is two things. One, he’s the only son of two fire magis. Normally they don’t survive birth, and he’s pure.” Vic replies.


“I am not!” I vociferously object, much to everyone’s amusement.


“Sorry Byron, but you are… pure of heart, that is. And any child that she would have with you would eventually turn your soul to darkness because of your need to protect it. So she would control the coldness and you would control the darkness under her edict.”


“Why is that so important?”


“As the temperature goes down at night, imagine what will happen if the sun never shines again. She would make you keep it dark and she would keep it cold, which would cause her to grow stronger and stronger. Her hold on you would be absolute since she would also be able to hold any offspring you have with her over your head. Again, since you are pure of heart, you love and hate in equal measure. Only the type of emotion you feel for the person differs, but it’s still done with your whole heart; there’s no middle ground. Since you’re a passionate person, as much as you hate her, you would love your child, thus giving her the power over you that she craves.”


“Would she…” I let the question hang in the air.


“Yes. If it took that to show you her seriousness, she would kill the child, but she banks on you being biddable enough not to test her. She knows you would do anything to keep those you care for out of harm’s way. Calista has been watching you for a long time, Byron. She didn’t just wake up and settle on you. This was calculated long ago, and now she’s down to her last contingency plan.”


“What a…”


“Don’t finish that statement, Byron! We all know what she is, but think of Faye in all this. She is really the wounded party here.” Vic advises me.


“I’m okay… or I will be, given time.” Faye assures us. “But Byron has his own situation regarding this Bailey character that Mika is so keen on getting him fixed up with. That certainly can’t be good.”


“That’s Calista, too.” Vic tell us, and Jules looks smug.


“You knew, didn’t you Jules? That’s why you warned me. Why didn’t you tell me?”


“It wasn’t that I completely knew, just that I had a vision of a Gemini holding a succubus in the palm of his hand when I looked at Bailey’s picture on your phone.” He tells me.


“Gemini?” Des looks confused.


“Twin spirit.” Di answers, and although Des nods, I’m not sure she understands.


“Calista and Bailey are one and the same, but in order for her to be able to return to her true self, she can’t totally transform… so the succubus is that part that is her true self.” Di explains further. “As long as that is attached to whatever she’s transformed herself into, she can return to her beauty.” Di scoffs the last part. “If only she knew how ugly her true self really is!”


“Oh she knows, and now we all do, too. There were times I questioned what I was doing with her, especially when she suggested that I invite Byron over for drinks every time her ‘cycle’ ended. She probably never had a cycle to begin with, the lying sack of succubus! We had a major argument the last time she tried, it’s when I refused to ask Byron over and we broke up. Now I know why. Fuck! That bitch is truly diabolical! That was her plan all along! She was going to take my powers, using my anger at Byron fucking her to make me what? A plaything, a nothing?! And now she grows a dick at will to entice Byron?! She should’ve fucked herself and saved me the trouble!” Faye explodes.


“That is exactly what she intended. Despite your understanding of Byron, that he is unapologetically what he is, your jealousy of him shone through where your girlfriends are concerned. Keep that anger in check, dear one. I know you’re angry, but unleashing it…” Vic warns.


“I know!” The wind is taken immediately out of her sails, the sparks in her eyes slowly fade away. “Not until absolutely necessary.”


“Yeah, your swords are not only involving your sharp tongue. So let’s keep a lid on it for now, okay?” Faye nods, but it’s Jules creased brow that catches my attention.


“What is it?” I ask him.


“What about Mika? What about his powers?” Jules questions.


“He doesn’t have any. That’s just him!” Elvis snipes, and again flaps his hand at the glass.


“What exactly are you doing?” Faye frowns.


“Trying to move the glass with my mind.” He flaps his hand again.


“Then use your mind not your hand. Just an idea!” Faye laughs.


“Oh okay Miss Thang, you do it!” Elvis bitches and casts his eye at the glass, and it flies across the room. “Oooh!” He squeals.


“DON’T BREAK IT!” Jules cries out. “It was one of my mom’s favourites!” The glass goes still and hovers in mid air. Everyone is quiet. “Can you just put it back on the table, please?”


Elvis frowns before he takes a deep breath. “Reditus!” He orders and the glass returns to the table.


“Very good Elvis, very good.” Vic smiles. “Now, as well as Ice-Tina, there are her merry band of fuckwits, as I believe you called them Jules. You need to be aware of...  JULES! That is entirely inappropriate at this time!” He looks scandalised. “And almost physically impossible!”


Jules goes almost puce with embarrassment.


“Oh, I don’t know. I’m sure if we melded then we could…”


“Byron!” Di admonishes sternly. “He doesn’t need to know about melding yet!”


“FOCUS!” Vic barks. “This is serious! When she realises that she has to wait for the next moon, she is going to be furious!”


“When’s the next moon?” Jules asks, smirking at me as I feel him searching my mind, trying to find out what melding is.


“In 100 years, and she will kill Byron. And then you.”


That gets our attention!


“What? Why?” Jules stammers.


“Because she hates to lose, and lose she will, if what I feel between you is right. She heightened Cylo’s powers to seek you out.”


“Heightened?”


“This will be explained in due time. But back to the most important thing. Ice-Tina knows that there is another pure of heart in Gayopolis, and someone whose bloodline is also pure like Byron’s, but she doesn’t know who it is. But she knows that a fire magi and an air magi who are both pure, need to be kept apart, which is why she’s been concentrating on air magis.” He pauses. “She sends her minions out to have their fun, but she’s taken her focus off of Cylo in her quest for you, Byron. She doesn’t yet know what he has done. And you, Jules, have been kept hidden from her by…”


“My mother.” Jules breathes, his eyes filling with tears. “That’s why she supported me in what I wanted to do. Is she…”


Suddenly the room is bathed in light and slowly, a blonde haired woman materialises, coming to rest in front of Jules. “There’s my smart boy.”


“Mom…” He sniffs. “Did you suffer?”


“No. I sensed my death so I was ready for it. Mildred didn’t suffer either, but your father felt a tiny pinch!” She smiles. “Now I want you to listen to Vic and do as he tells you. And he is right, you need to focus when he speaks!”


“I love you, Mom.”


His tears spill over, glistening like tiny diamonds on his skin. We all watch in amazement as she catches one on her fingertip. The room is once again awash with light, almost blinding in its intensity, as mother and son communicate silently. Where it was only surrounding her before, now it surrounds both of them, constantly growing and creating a bubble around the pair of them. Jules’ hair looks platinum, as does hers. When the light fades marginally, she speaks again.


“I love you too, Jules.” She then turns to me. “Be gentle.”


“I promise.” I whisper, sincerely. As soon as I say that, she smiles and blows the tear into my face and winks. The room returns to normal as she fades away.


“So, Cylo!” Des gets up and starts to pace.


“He wanted Jules. He’s in denial about who he is. But you’re a half fire, half air, and very protective of Jules.” Vic turns to look at Jules. “But when he heard you talking about Byron, Des and then you sassed him, he lost it and stabbed you twice. Jules protected you and Halo got you both out of there. At the moment, we hold the power, in that we control what they are seeing. They are, in effect, within a faux-reality bubble. They are still walking around like nothing has changed with the exception that you, Jules, and Halo have gone to ground. They are still seeking you out as if it were any other day.  But when Ice-Tina returns, that bubble will burst and their true selves will be revealed to them. As will yours.”


“True selves?” Jules repeats, and I can feel he is focused and listening.


“Yes. Cylo’s true self is Slitherer; Igor, his obsequious friend, is Gaol- pronounced Jell. You’ll need to know that for future reference, which I will explain as we progress further. Cody is Mandible, and then there is Mika… We need to contain him, Di. You know this...”


“I know, but is there…”


“NO. And, again, you know this!”


“What is going to happen to him? By the way, what are you, Di?” Jules asks.


“Part air and part water.” She turns to Vic. “So the containment of…”


“He’s at the loft...” Jules suddenly says. “...and he’s breaking in.”


“You have got to be fucking kidding me?!” I yell.


“He thinks that this will force you to come back. Oh shit, where are Fizz and Pop?!”


“Fizz and Pop, salutem!” Halo states, and they appear in front of me, looking somewhat bewildered as only cats can do.


Ut ingressum ad signatum! (keep the entry sealed).” Halo continues.


“Good boy, Halo. Di? You need to see this for yourself, sis.” Vic prompts, and I can feel his anger… and his turmoil.


Ostende mihi (show me) Mika!” She resignedly but firmly intones, and the room is filled with the image of my loft.


Mika is in there now, tossing everything around. One would think he’s angry, but looking at him, he looks… joyous! That fucker is smiling widely as he comes to Fizz and Pops bowls and smashes them to smithereens, then empties their litter tray all over the loft. Laughing manically, he heads to the bedroom, and it’s then we see the flash of the knife. He proceeds to the wardrobes and starts to slash my clothing, before taking out his glee on the bed and my toys. My heart breaks as he methodically destroys everything and smashes the bowl of condoms, stabbing each and every one. And the fucking asshole wonders why he never received another key to my life?! But even I have to admit surprise at how maliciously destructive he is. He then heads into the bathroom, and we hear the shattering of glass and crash of the porcelain and marble fixtures being broken.  


“Holy fuck!” Fagin breathes. “He’s insane!”


“No, he’s jealous and frustrated, even though he’s smiling through it all. In his warped mind, doing this will bring Byron back to his side, where he supposedly belongs. And that’s what he’s gleeful about. The little shit never could handle not being the first priority!” Vic sighs.


Mika goes to the desk and starts to rifle through my papers, and I am relieved that there is nothing that he can find there. Well, at least I hope not.


“So that’s where YOU live, is it?!” He hisses. “Well perhaps I should also pay you a visit, Jules! Maybe then you will learn not to fuck or interfere with what’s mine!” He spits out as he leaves the loft, slamming the heavy door behind him. As he looks into the security camera, he blows a kiss before saying “Welcome home, Byron!” Then manages to pull it off the wall and we watch him pick up a bat and smash the camera to pieces. “Hmmm. I may take this to go see Jules, too. I was never much into sports but I’d be willing to change that just this once.” He giggles as he walks away, carrying the bat. He then takes the elevator to the ground floor.


Tabula rasa!” Cynthia calls out. When we all look at her with questions in our eyes, she shrugs. “Mika obtained the address for here. It just felt right to say.”


“Blank slate… good! His goldfish memory is about to serve us all very well,” Di comments.


“But why take the address away and not the bat?” Elvis asks.


“You’ll see…” Cynthia utters. Focusing on Mika again as he exits the elevator, she says, “scandali et fragosus in porta ipsum … (trip and crash yourself into the door).”


We all watch in amazement as the Super of my building comes running at the sound. Mika rights himself, just before the man arrives and looks down at the bat in his hands. The look of fear on Mica’s face is priceless. He tosses the bat away and puts his hands innocently behind his back, but not before the Super notices the action.


“What the hell?! What was the meaning of hitting a bat against the fucking door?! You’re going to have to pay for that!” He snaps, assessing the damage.


“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t have a damn bat! In fact, I’m going to sue the owner of this building for damages. I could have broken my leg, since the floor is so slick and I fell against the door!”


“Just try it; I know who you are. I also know that you are trespassing on private property. We’ve had several complaints from other tenants about the stalker of one of our residents being camped outside across the street at all hours, or accosting others to gain entry into the building. Now you have two options: either we go to the bank now and you pay for the damage from your bat with a cashier’s check to fix this door or…”


“Or? There is no ‘or’! This is not my fault!”


“Or, let’s see if the police feel the same way you do.”


“You can’t prove I did anything!” He blusters. “So let’s go to the police!”


“Wrong again, pal. See, there’s a wonderful invention called a security camera. These are luxury apartments, which by the look of you, you’re unused to. There is a camera on every floor and at every door. And well you see Mika… it is Mika, right? You don’t have a key to this building, and the first question they will ask is how you got in to discover the slick floor in the first place.” He reaches behind Mika, holding the bat by the strapping. “And I fully intend to take this with us, as I’m sure they will find your fingerprints on it. So again, either a trip to the bank now or pay with County time in lock-up later. Your choice.”


A fine sheen of ‘oh shit’ sweat drenches his face and finally his shoulders slump. “Can I have that back?”


“Not until you pay for the damages. Now after you!” He snaps.    


Labor (fade away).” Di incants before turning to Vic. “The one thing I ask is that you don’t kill him.”


“Agreed. But he, like her minions, will be transformed upon her arrival.”


“Thank you.”


“So Des, did you enjoy that?” Vic laughs.


“Yeah!” She snickers.


“Des?” I ask.


“Yes. One of her powers is to protect… so if she senses danger from one of Calista’s minions or Mika, who we now know is one of hers also, she takes the place of the person that is threatened and… well as you saw!”

 

Aliquando revertetur ad eam quae erat in apartment, non qualis sit. Et non erit (Return the apartment into what it once was, not what it is. And not what it will be)! That is the end of it for now.” Vic states, as we all watch in amazement. “Now back to business…”

 

Chapter 8: MAKING BALLS and HAILING HALO by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Written by MissMerlot 

 

CHAPTER 8 - MAKING BALLS AND HAILING HALO

 

TAYLOR MANSION- LOUNGE- FRIDAY EVENING

VIC


I smile when Jules eyes light up as he starts to get closer to what melding means. “Jules… you forget that I can read you. You cannot block me or Di. Since you are not taking this seriously… pudoris permanet balteum!”


“Hey! What the…” Jules squawks and looks down inside of his sweats. “What the hell is that?!”


“A permanent chastity belt.” I chuckle at his expression.


“Oh come on, Uncle Vic. That’s hardly fair!” Byron objects.


“You can be in one too, if you like. After all, if it wasn’t for you, he wouldn’t be trying to find out what melding is.” Byron holds up his hands in surrender. “Thought not.”


“I can just take it off.” Jules points out after examining it closely.


“No, you can’t.” I chuckle. “Only the person that put it there can take it off and…”


“So how do I do… other stuff?!” He whines.


“You can still use it for that purpose but not for anything else, nor can you think about sex while you are wearing it.” I start to laugh heartily at his outraged expression. “Try, just try and think about it.”


He smirks. “Vic, I’m 18 years old and a gay virgin! No problem…” He closes his eyes and then frowns and then frowns harder! “What the fuck?!” He gasps and his eyes fly open. “VIC!”


“Like I said… now to the business at hand. You need to start your training in using your powers, weaponry, and martial arts. By the end of this week, you must be at the advanced stage. Calista is getting frustrated because she can’t find you, Byron. What you need to do is gather whatever you need for at least a two week stay. Fagin and Cyren need to put in appearances at Kinnetic and…”


“Wait, who’s Cyren?” Fagin asks.


“Sorry, Cynthia is Cyren, with your true selves, like Calista’s cohorts, you will get your real names.” I explain. “But enough of that now. We must establish our headquarters, which for now will be here. And I shall summon Brains and Doc.”


“Brains and Doc?” Di repeats. “Oh, that could cause a problem!” She snickers.


“They’re prepared for the battle at hand. They will not lose their focus. Now Jules, can I take it off?”


He’s silent for a while, then he looks at Byron and shakes his head. “No. Keep it on.”


“Good. Very good.” I smile. “Now go, we will keep you safe. Just be back here by tomorrow evening at the latest. Byron, you need to stay here with Jules, Des, and Halo. Write Fagin a list, and he will get the items you need.” He nods and I nod back then smile. I have to put a belt on him too!


OUTSIDE THE LOFT - SUNDAY AFTERNOON

MIKA


I have sent Byron a couple of texts, but still I have not received a response. I am going to assume that the time difference is the issue. As I am about to drive away, I see Fagin coming up the street. I smile to myself, as my plan is working. Byron will have to come back when Fagin tells him what’s happened!


“Mika.” Fagin sighs tiredly. “What are you doing here? Byron is still away.”


“I was just passing when I saw you…” He rolls his eyes when I say that. “So what are you doing here?”


“He wants some papers and…”


“So you’ve spoken to him?!” I growl through gritted teeth. “When?!”


“This morning. Well didn’t speak exactly; he sent me a text.” He tells me as he opens the door, and I follow. “Where are you going?”


“Need the bathroom.” I reply, and we go up in silence.


My heart races as he opens the door and I wait. “Mika, I thought you wanted the bathroom!” He calls out, and as I enter I come to an astonished halt. “What…” I stammer as I look around the pristine loft. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!


“Bathroom?! I have the papers I need.” He arches an eyebrow.


“W-won’t be long…” I stammer and look around again. I am not seeing things. It is as put together as it has always been! When I get to the bathroom, that too is unspoiled! I quickly use the bathroom and look around again. “Where are the cats?” I ask.


“With the sitter. Did you think he would leave them here alone? Now come on! I need to get back to work.” I stumble out after him and then look up at the security camera, and that too is back to normal.


“Mika!” Fagin snaps from the lift. “Bring your ass on! I need to see the Super…”


“What for?” I swallow hard as we head down.


“Surveillance tapes. I collect them once a week for Byron and store them at Kinnetic.”


“Well, I-I have to be going! See you later!” I run out as soon as the gate opens.


FAGIN


Oh, I enjoyed that!


Stop playing with the stupid one and get back here!


“No need to shout!” I grumble at Vic and make my way back.


MIKA’S APARTMENT - AN HOUR LATER


I can’t understand it! I know what I did! But how’s the loft back to normal?! I jump when my phone rings and it’s Bailey. “Hi Bailey, how… What do you mean you haven’t found Byron? I have been trying to find out the exact details! I’m as frustrated as you are, considering what you promised me after you and he fuck!” I roll my eyes and pinch my nose. “Oh wait, I think I have an idea. He’s gone into business with… Oh what the hell is the name of the company?! He told me... I know he told me, but I can’t remember... Shouting at me is not going to make me remember quicker. Give me a few seconds!” I tell him as I pace around the room. “No, I can’t remember the company, but I know he’s in Monte Carlo and… What do you mean ‘fucking Monte Carlo’? I told you he was in Monte Carlo, so where are you? Rome! Well it’s in Italy, isn’t it? So it can’t be that far away, can it?” I ask as he hangs up. I shrug and decide to go to the diner. It’s not my fault that he was too stupid to listen!


SAVOY HOTEL, ROME - SAME TIME

CALISTA’S SUITE


I am just staring at the phone. I had to hang up before I caused him immense damage! I take some steadying breaths. He is very lucky that I need him as an entrance into Byron’s world, so that I can isolate him. I start to pack again and book a flight to Monte Carlo, which is 424 miles away! So no Mika, you imbecile, not fucking close at all!


Meanwhile, I am losing time. Sure, fucking other men has been fun; sucking the souls out of them has made it even moreso. That last arrogant ass, who thought we should arrange for permanent meetings and then didn’t take no for an answer, was particularly fun to dispose of. I suppose his wife would have received word of his demise by now. In all honesty, she will probably thank me, since she’s about a billion dollars richer. Now she can suck whatever pussy she wants and not be limited to her best friend. Hell, maybe as payment, I’ll seek her out eventually as myself and let her thank me properly. From the screams I heard while checking in on her, she has a tongue like a tornado and it’s as long as my middle finger. Bailey shouldn’t get to have all the fun; Calista needs to come out and play, too. Since she’s got tits like pillows, I’m sure I’ll find loads to keep me occupied. But anyway, I’ll only be fertile for a little less than two more weeks, and finding Byron has to be my top priority right now. Where the fuck could he be?!


I glare into the air and speak, “Ostende mihi Tullius (Show me Byron)!”


A vision of him hammering into some young blond with long hair materializes. Although I can’t see the blond’s face, I know he has to be beautiful. Byron always did have a gift for finding the most attractive men. The sheen of sweat glistening off of both bodies is absolutely mesmerizing! I can’t help but wonder what it would feel like to be in the room with them as they go at it ferociously. I feel my insides clench as Byron’s muscles ripple, his ass moving in a circular motion even as the blond pushes himself back onto him. Oh fuck! He grabs his hair, using it as a tether so he can slam even more forcefully into him. From the sounds coming through loud and clear, Byron has found the trick’s hot spot and is unerringly drilling it on every fucking pass. I know I have to go, but I can’t help myself as my hands travel of their own volition over my body. Too bad Byron would never want me as a woman, but then again, as a man I’ll get to experience the same pounding the trick is getting. Just as I’m about to find my own release, the vision dissipates! ARRRGH!!!! I must have him! It’s not just about getting a child for me at this moment, but being fucked by a legend. I’m the only one, male or female, who is worthy enough to suck and fuck his cock!


First, I’ll find that fucking blond though, and I’ll suck the soul out of the little bastard for daring to touch and entice what’s mine! Then I’ll show Byron that no one will ever be able to give him pleasure as I can. And while I’m doing it, I’ll get pregnant with the ultimate means to bind him to me. A blood tie is the only thing that stands between me and total domination. And I shall have it by any means necessary! I gather my things quickly as my body screams with dissatisfaction and the pain of not being able to cum. No one in Monte Carlo better even think of getting in my fucking way!

 


THOMAS MANSION - SAME TIME

VIC


I laughed as I heard her howls of frustration when I dropped the Monte Carlo nugget into their conversation! There was a long enough pause between their bitching at each other for me to slip in and take over Mika briefly, so I could point her in the wrong direction. Sure, I also had a good time showing her what will never be hers, although I made sure to keep Jules’ face hidden. She’ll eventually recognize him of course, but by then it will already be too late. Manipulation may be her tool of choice, but when I choose to use it, it’s my forte. Hey, don’t judge... We gods need to have some fun too!


“They’re all back.” Di interrupts my thoughts. “By the way, don’t even begin to believe that I don’t know what you’ve been up to these last few minutes. The smug look tells all, Mr. Meddling Marius.” I smile when she uses my current middle name. When I choose to rebirth myself again, then Victor will become my next middle name. She smiles back briefly, but then grows serious again. “Listen, I know they have to be battle ready soon, but I think they need a break. It’s been a lot for them to take on board so quickly, and well... Can they just play with their powers tonight and let the hard work begin again tomorrow?”


“Di…”


“I am not trying to buy time for Mika, Vic. I know he is beyond saving, but surely you can see…”


“Okay, one evening, and then tomorrow we start again in earnest.” I agree, knowing that she will just keep at me if I don’t let her have her way in this one thing. I tell her about what Calista’s next immediate plan is, including what I’ve implanted in her mind as we head to the lounge. But when we get there, I see exactly what Di means about them. They all look exhausted, but determined.


“Right. Now tonight is play and knowledge time!” I announce and they all look at me in confusion. “Elvis moved the glass… that is easy; everyone can do that. But the harnessing of your primary magi power, now that is fun!” That gets their attention. “For example, Byron you are a fire magi, so you can create a fireball.”


“Seriously?” He looks astonished.


“Of course! Roll your hands together like you are creating a ball… no-no keep your hands further apart and…” There are gasps as slowly a tiny ball of fire begins to form between his hands. “Good, good, now keep it going... but don’t rush!” The ball starts to get bigger.


“Does it hurt?” Des looks wary, but I sense her keenness.


“No, you cannot be hurt by your own power. Oh that’s great! Well done, Byron! Now everyone else try! Di, take notes so we can see which weapons need to be crafted for their higher magi power.”


She nods.


Soon they have their own little balls between their hands. Jules is, as we thought, air, but with a quarter of ice. Des is primarily earth. Faye is light. Elvis is mist. Fagin is darkness. Cynthia is a combination of all of the magi elements, so she can protect them all. As a guardian, that’s a given, but it’s Halo that’s the surprise. He is metal!


“Metal. Now that’s interesting! Halo, repeat after me extendam et flectere (stretch and bend).”


“Extendam et flectere.” Sure enough the ball goes flat and starts to push his hands apart.


“Vic, what’s going on?!” He sounds panicked.


“Relax and don’t panic. Your power cannot harm you, remember? Now say ordinandam gladium (form into a sword).” He does as he’s told and slowly the sword begins to form. “Give the sword to Byron.” The sword floats towards him. “Now Byron, I need you to say this: gladio et igne copulare (fire and sword join)…”


“Gladio et igne copulare.” The ball wraps itself rapidly round the sword, twirling and whirling so bright that we have to look away and then there is a flash. We’re all astonished as the sword lands, point down, by Byron’s feet.


“Oh my God! You mean we’ve found him?!” Di gasps and I grin.


“I think we have! In fact, I’m sure we have… but one more test.”


“Byron, I need you to go over to the kitchen.” He gets up quickly and when he arrives, he looks expectantly at me. But before I can speak, he holds up his hand.


Per latus meum (by my side).” He states and the sword shoots across the room to land, again, point down at his feet. He then takes a breath and swipes his hand across the blade, leaving a trail of blood to drip down.


“Byron!” Jules cries out, but Di forces him to sit down.


“Jules it’s fine, trust me.” Cynthia tells him. “Ad sanandum vulnus (heal the wound).” She chants and then smiles. “Show him your hand.”


Jules relaxes when he sees that the wound is healed.


“See, he knows what he’s doing. That sword is now his and his alone. It will be wielded by no one else but him. So it cannot be used against him.” I smile in satisfaction. He was always a quick study. “And yes, Di we have found him.”


“Found who?” Cynthia demands.


“Our weapon master.” I turn and smile beatifically at Halo.


“Weapon master?” He repeats.


“Yes. And I think that Ice-Tina saw something, but wasn’t sure what it was. That’s why she kept you so close.”


“So, I can’t kill her… but I could make the weapons that can?” He asks.


“Yes.”

 

“Good enough.” He growls, and starts another ball.

 

Chapter 9: NAMING, TRANSFORMATIONS and HOMECOMING by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 9 - NAMING, TRANSFORMATIONS AND HOMECOMING

 

UNDERGROUND CLUB - SUNDAY AFTERNOON

CYLO


I look across at my family, well, my chosen family, and sigh in relief. That unsettling feeling has definitely gone and Cody has stopped ripping the piss out of me.


“Hi Cy.” I look up and find myself staring at my bestie, Igor. He’s harmless enough, definitely not as combative as Cody can be. It’s always nice to have someone who worships the air you breathe… and who is always happy to give a guy relief… on the downlow.


“Hey Iggy.” I say, and move my jacket as he sits down next to me. “What have you been up to?”


“This and that. What about you?”


“Same ole, same ole.” I lean back and watch him for a few minutes, then get up. “Wanna play?” I hold my hand out and am surprised when he shakes his head. “Why not?”


“The last time we played, you shouted somebody else’s name. So who is Jules?” He demands.


“He’s just some guy I know. Nobody you need to worry about. So come on…” I wheedle.


“No. I’ve got to play with something else.” He says and grabs his violin, sauntering off.


“If he wasn’t so good at head, I would end him!” I hiss, and adjust my cock discreetly.


“What’s up? Your plaything fed up with playing second fiddle to your lustfuck?” Cody sneers.


“What is your problem with me and Igor doing what we do sometimes?” I roll my eyes, but keep my voice low.


“Because it’s not fair on him!” He snaps. For some reason, he has a soft spot for Igor. “He wants more than you’re prepared to give without having your lustfuck first!”


“Look, there is only so much of you… ow!” I yelp as he rabbit punches me in the ribs.


“Let me help you to sit down…” He waves away the looks of concern. Once he’s sure nobody is paying us any attention, he lowers his head so that only I can hear him. “...remember Cylo, I am not Igor. He will be back again, despite your behaviour. I, on the other hand, have no problem correcting your shit when it needs to be. Do we understand each other?!” I nod and feel the pain in my ribs starting to ease. “Good.” He gets up and leaves me to get myself together.


CODY


I head to my room and feel Cylo’s feeble attempt to hit me back. He is not as strong as he thinks. If it wasn’t for me helping him out sometimes, he wouldn’t be the cock of the walk he thinks he is. When he decided to take out Jules’s parents, he was all for killing them himself. But I planted the idea of the drunk driver in his head; he’s too rash! A case in point, if it is true, is the stabbing of Jules and Des. If he has done it, then he’d best get into necrophilia real quick!


MONTE CARLO AIRPORT - TUESDAY MORNING

CALISTA


I am trying to reach Halo, because without his expertise in IT skills, it is proving very difficult to find Byron. I have to find a quiet corner and call Cody.


“Cody, it’s Calista. Where is Halo? I need to… What do you mean you haven’t seen him in a week? Why wasn’t I told? What is going on over there?... Never mind, I will find out when I come back. But right now, I need you to try and locate the flight information for Byron Kent... No, I will wait.” For what seems like ages, I can hear him tapping away. “Well?” I demand.


“Byron Kent is booked into Le Meridien Beach Plaza Monte, but that’s all I can find. I don’t have the skills of H. And I have to admit that I’m a bit worried, but not surprised, that he’s not come back.”


“What do you mean?”


“Well his uncle, aunt, and cousin were killed in a drink driving accident.”


“Oh.” I feel an atom sized pinch of sympathy. “So soon after his parents too. Well, he’ll come back when he’s ready. Thanks for that, Cody. I will see you at the end of the week.”


I hang up and make my way to the hotel.


THOMAS MANSION - TUESDAY AFTERNOON

HALO


Under Vic’s careful instruction, I set about pointing Calista in the wrong direction and enjoyed every keystroke!


“Now come on. Let’s get back to training!” He orders, and I follow him back down to the basement. We have been training non stop since dawn on Monday. He puts us in stasis so we can fully restore.


“Okay now Elvis, you need to be more precise with your thought process. Try the stars again.” Vic orders and this time, he hits the mark.


“Oh for fuck sake!” Faye yells, as again, she misses the mark with her small dagger, and it almost hits Byron.


Suddenly, we are all immediately surrounded by a dome of light.


“What the hell?!” Fagin gasps.


“Wow…!” Des looks round and reaches out to touch it, but it immediately turns to stone.


“Now you, Elvis!” Di calls out, and it turns to whirling mist as he touches it.


Nobody else needed to be told, as one by one they touch the light and it changes to their element. But when I try, she stops me. “All of you together!” Di orders and when they do, we’re suddenly underground… as in below the basement!


“Vic?” Di turns to him and he looks astonished. “Vic?!”


“Sssh!” Vic retorts, frowning at us all. “It’s too soon, surely! Surely?!” He mutters. “When you touched the dome and it changed to your element, what did you think? Just fire out your answers, what did you think?”


“I was… was scared. I didn’t understand why it changed to my element.” Jules is the first to speak. “What about you guys?” There are nods and murmurs of yes.


“And when Di told you to touch together, what were your thoughts?”


“That it would disappear and we could get out of there. But I couldn’t push through.” Des replies and again, there’s nodding and murmuring among them.


“So you wanted to get out?” Di replies, looking around for confirmation and getting nods. “I understand, but don’t you see? The dome is protecting you… well not that dome. Cynthia is protecting you. Okay, can you return us please?”


We’re back in the basement and the dome is gone.


“Cynthia did this?” Byron breathes. “Why? We would never hurt each other.”


Vic chuckles. “No, but the dagger was coming at you and she panic-power-tripped and hence the dome. Her aim, like yours Faye, is a little off! But in answer to your thought of question, yes Di, they are one already. They are bound together… their faith and support of each other is absolute and unbreakable.”


I sigh and blink back the tears. I feel like such an outsider.


“Halo, you are part of them too.” Vic says, as he stops me from leaving. “The reason Di didn’t want you to touch the dome is because you would’ve been overwhelmed by the power. You and Jules are still grieving, but you more than him. You have been betrayed in the most horrible way, by people you thought were your friends and confidants. Your element is there and you are bound to them, but you still need to heal. Do you understand?” I nod and give him a small smile. “Right. Now back to training!”


DINER - THURSDAY LATE AFTERNOON

MIKA


God, I am so fucking bored! The store has been quieter than normal as has the diner, while Ma has disappeared out of state. But at least I have an idea of where she is. She’s attending a PFLAG committee thing or some such shit in Portland. I decide that I might as well be bored and get fed, so here I am with a pile of comics, and as there is no Kira, I am using the new girl’s newness to my advantage! I look up as the bell rings and am surprised to see Cynthia come in. She never comes in here! She looks tense, so I sidle up to her. “Hi, Cynthia. What are you doing round this side of town?”


“Getting lunch for Fagin. He’s beyond busy, with Byron being away.” She clips out.


“I thought you would be, too. I mean, with you being his right hand woman and all...” I snark and snicker.


“And I see that you are exactly where we expected you to be. Doing nothing for no one and going nowhere.” She bites back. “Can you have that delivered please?” She tells the server and stalks out.


CYNTHIA


As I head up the road, I have a thought and cast my mind back to the diner. I’m unsurprised to see Mika talking to the server. But before I can stop her, she gives him the delivery address and he offers to deliver it for her. Fuck!


Fear not.


“Thanks!” I grin as Vic gives me a mental hug!


THE UNDERGROUND - AN HOUR LATER

MIKA


I look around and can’t understand why she would want it delivered here. I knock on the door and wait. I can hear scurrying around, but nobody comes to open it. “I have your food order from the diner!” I yell, and bang harder on the door. “Byron, if you are in there, get out here!” I demand, but still nothing. “Fine, you dumb fuckers!” I dump the bags on the ground and stomp on them. “Happy eating!” I laugh, and head back to the diner.


THOMAS MANSION

DI


I slap my head in despair at his petulance. How have I never seen this before? Vic gives my hand a squeeze. “Okay, so why send him there?”


“Because that’s where he is going to be living when she returns. I have decided.” Vic replies.


“They’ll kill him!” Byron exclaims.


“No, but they will make his life the misery he has made others. But for them, killing him won’t be possible; I gave Di my word.”


“Okay, so we now need to organize some online shopping. We’ll get it delivered to Des’s house and then go and get it.” I decree.


“But how? Cylo sometimes still comes around. I can feel him.” Des growls.


“We’ve been thinking about that. All of you come with me.” Vic orders. He leads us to the back of the basement and down some stairs.


“Where did these stairs come from?” Jules asks.


“Being a master Magi with friends has its advantages, you know.” Vic chuckles as he opens the door. “While you have been in stasis, I have been a bit busy. I got the idea after the dome incident.” We are all stunned. A tunnel… an actual tunnel… has been made! “Currently, it only joins to Des’s home, but soon it will connect to all your homes, to Kinnetic, and to our other places of business. So there is no longer a need to worry about being where you need to be when you need to be there. Now back to training!”


Even though they all groan inside, they head back to training. They are well advanced now. I am very happy, very happy indeed!


LOUNGE - LATE EVENING

VIC


I look around to my wonderful charges and smile. I am so proud of them, especially Halo! He’s working so hard, and being around the others is helping him to heal emotionally, every second of the day. So now it is time; time for them to have their names. “Right everyone, before you go into stasis, it gives me great pleasure to tell you your battle names…”


“Battle names?” Jules echoes.


“Yes. You are the Guardians of Gayopolis and your leader, unsurprisingly, is Byron, who, when he is in battle mode, will be Rage. His second in command is Fagin, who is Shadow. Cynthia, as you know, is Cyren. Elvis you are Ever. Faye you are Diva Determinee. Des, you are Deadeye. Jules you are JT…”


“Really, my initials?” He grumbles.


“You are Jules Thomas, not Justice Time, I believe.” Vic smirks.


“Oh! That sounds cool.” He grins.


“You will be joined by other members as we see fit. You will meet Doc and Brains next week as you need to go back to your public lives starting tomorrow. And…”


“Wait, what about Halo?” Jules interrupts and I smile. This is why he is called Justice. “What’s his name?”


“I guess I don’t have one.” He mutters.


“He does, and you know what it is, Jules.” He frowns. “Think carefully, deep down you know his name. You remember it, don’t you?”


“Nunchaku.” Jules calls him, and Halo looks astonished. “Nunchaku! I used to call you that when we were younger. You used to be obsessed with Bruce Lee movies and his nun thingies!”


“Nunchucks, twat.” Byron chuckles, earning him a poked out tongue.


“I had forgotten that.” Halo smiles; his first genuine one in a while.


“It was his mother that gave him the name.” I smile. “It means weapon, and you would always try and protect her from the embarrassment of being an unwed mother, simply by being cute and adorable. The upper class society she lived in back then was unforgiving, but now he gets to live up to his name.”


“I have a question.” Faye frowns. “Mika’s power that Byron inherited... what is it?”


“Persuasion.” I reply, and as one everyone looks at Byron, who looks confused. “Which he has never used. Byron really is that hot!”


“Of course he is!” Elvis snickers.


“And he is also just that brilliant! So saying, Byron will know when and where to use that particular power. As we all know, Mika would have abused it, which is why he wasn't allowed to develop it fully.”


“What do you mean?” Elvis asks.


“I mean, currently, how does Mika get you all to do what he wants?”


“My guess as an outsider observing the dynamic, would be he does it by being petulant and seeming needy or helpless, when in reality he’s conniving and exceptionally strong-willed.” Jules states, and I have to admit that I am proud of him. In a short time, he’s discerned the true nature of Mika, not what the latter presents to the world.


“You are correct, Jules. For years, Mika has schemed and manipulated using all those tools. He would badger each of them until he got what he wanted, but then get angry because it didn’t happen the way he envisioned. It’s why I gave Byron his powers. Mika’s natural tendency towards inappropriate responses to strife was another determining factor. He would have used the power to enslave Byron, Elvis, and Fagin, while destroying anything that stood in his way for the complete attention he craves. In this case that would be you, Des, Faye, Cyren, Thomas Electronics, and Kinnetic.”


“Why me?” Faye asks.


“Besides being Fagin’s twin, it’s also because you have the ability to see through him and his motives. How many times have you and Fagin stopped Byron from giving Mika money? It would have only been used to buy more toys and comics, porn, dates- such as they are on Rent-a-Trick.com, or partying, instead of building up his business.”


I see her forehead wrinkle. “Every time he asked for a loan, I would suggest that Byron put it in a contract for a loan repayment schedule, which is standard business practice.”


“Yes, but it isn’t Mika Business Practice, is it?”


“No, it isn’t. And between Cynthia and I, we have been keeping Mika from taking advantage of Byron. Since Fagin controls the purse strings with Byron’s permission, he knew if we said no, it wouldn’t happen. Am I right?”


“You are, and that’s why he would have wanted you two removed from Byron’s life posthaste. If he had his powers, he would have achieved exactly that. With you both out of the way, he would have had a direct, unobstructed route to Byron and his bank account. You all protect Byron, in ways that Mika doesn't like or understand. And now that there are others who will do the same, he’s going to be even more petulant and determined.”  


“But why now? Our names, I mean... why give us them now?” Byron asks, and then pauses. “Mika is a non-factor for now, which means she’s coming back, isn’t she?”


“Yes. And the moment she does, she gets her welcome home surprise!”


CALISTA’S ESTATE - SUNDAY EVENING

CALISTA


I am harnessing every ounce of my strength to stop myself from harming Mika! I have traipsed all over Europe, following everything he said, and could not find Byron. But now that I am back in Gayopolis, I know why. It’s because he’s fucking here, and has been this whole time! The moment I landed, I felt him… but still I can't fucking find him! I need to find him, as my time for conception is growing short.


I grab my phone and head upstairs. “Cylo! Cylo, is that you? You sound odd. No matter. Gather everyone and come to my estate immediately!”


My estate. I smile to myself. Although the trip to Europe was fruitless, I have decided that our child should be birthed and raised in the right environment. So I bought a beautiful hilltop estate. I am taking my time with the nursery; it has to be just right.


Twenty minutes later, I sense Cylo and his friends and unlatch the front door. “I’ll meet you in the lounge!” I call down, but get no response. Something is off. I frown and head downstairs, then when I come into the lounge, I freeze before screaming, “What the fuck has happened to all of you?!” I back away as they frown at me. “Look at yourselves!” I yell, and point to the mirror.


CYLO


What the actual fucking fuck! I think as I look at myself. Gone is handsome man I was before, and now there’s this… this....!



“What have you done?!” I shout, looking around then blanch as I see Cody with two jaws, and Igor is now this mangled, clawed... thing!





As I step to the mirror, I am suddenly pulled into the darkness, and no matter what I try to do, I can’t step out of it. “What is happening?!” I shout, and then my head starts to pound. I drop to the floor and then I start to scream. I can hear Cody shouting my name, but I can’t stop the image assailing my mind. I am stabbing Jules! “Noooooo!” I bellow and then look down… the knife is in my hand and I am covered in blood… Jules’s blood!


CALISTA

 

I am trying to get out of the room! Where have these... things come from?! The more I try to get out, the more I hear the litany in my head. Welcome home Ice-Tina, welcome home!  It just keeps repeating, over and over. Chanting louder and louder inside my head.

 

Chapter 10: TRANSFORMATIONS, REVELATIONS and A GOLDFISH BOWL by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Written by MissMerlot 

 

CHAPTER 10 - TRANSFORMATIONS, REVELATIONS AND A GOLDFISH BOWL


THOMAS MANSION - MORNING, DAY 8

BYRON’S ROOM

BYRON


Fuck me. I feel like I’ve run 28 marathons in 5 minutes, but my body is looking fierce. Very fierce indeed! We were supposed to stay at our own places last night, but we were summoned back and told to take the day off. Before we headed to bed, Vic said that we were to make our rooms our own, so we are going to be ordering a shit load of stuff today! We also weren’t put in stasis. I taste my morning breath and wince, so I head to the bathroom.


I have to admit, I like it here at the Thomas Mansion. We all have our own bathrooms and the lounge and kitchen area seems bigger. I suspect Vic’s powers have been at play there. I load up my toothbrush before using the mouthwash. I spit it out and reach for the floss in the cabinet and promptly knock the brush to the floor. “Fuck.” I mutter and rinse it off before reloading it and start to brush my teeth and then stop. And stare. “VIC! DI!” I shout, round a mouthful of toothpaste, frozen to the spot.


“Good morning, Rage.” Di laughs, and I slowly turn to face her. “Well now, don’t you scrub up nice?!”


“Rage?” I hold up my hand and spit in the sink before rinsing my mouth out and looking at myself again the mirror. “Fuck me, I look hot! Does everyone…”


“OH MY GOD, WHAT THE FUCK HAS HAPPENED?!” I hear Fagin shout.


“What do you think?” She chuckles, and pulls me out into the hallway. “Fagin, come out here!”


“No!” He yells.


“Why not?!” I call out.


“I look hot and I don’t want to move, in case I never see this again!”


“Get out here, you idiot!” Di laughs.


Fagin comes out pulling at the open neckline. “Seriously I look hot, right? I’m not imagining… holy fuck, Byron! Come on now! How is that fair?!”


“Everyone come out and meet your Guardian transformations!” Vic orders.


Slowly the doors open and they start to come out. “Jesus fuck, Faye!” Fagin gapes.


“I know right?!” She cries out gleefully, twirling around. “Check out these abs!”


“Okay people, enough cruising the lesbian! Look at me!” Elvis cries out.


“Very dapper!” Di laughs.


“Oh my God!” I breathe. “What day is it?” I mutter at Di as Jules comes into view.


“Day 8.” She mutters back. “You can do this!” She pats my hand. I’m not so sure as I catch my tongue between my teeth.


“You, uh, look so um, different.” Jules blushes, as we appraise each other. I could actually feel his breath quicken as he looked at me. “What day again?”


“Eight. Wait a second your eyes are a different colour! They look violet. Vic is that normal?”


“Yes Byron, the adrenaline rush of being battle ready can sometimes manifest itself in a change of eye colour or heightened hearing. For Jules, it’s his eye colour, since he already had the latter. It also changes when he’s...um...well…”


“Turned on?” I supply and he nods. “Okay, got it…!”


“Holy cow! Des, you look awesome!” Di grins and Jules turns to look at her.


“Okay, so Des darling, you look hot! I’d fuck you.” I tell her, placing a kiss on her cheek as she blushes. It’s an adorable expression that I never in a million years would think to see on her. But as usual, she’s all fire.


“I’d let you and have you sucking on your thumb, calling for your mama. But I doubt Jules would share you.” She giggles.


“Now that the admiration show is over, I have given you each the ability to be battle ready wherever you are. Be it here or outside. You need to say para bellum (prepare me for battle) and you will transform into who you are now. Do you understand?” We all nod. “Okay you all, to the training room!” Di demands with a sparkle in her eyes.


When we get there, both Cynthia and Halo are there, but they don’t look any different.


“Why not?” Halo’s voice is again, laced with disappointment as he sees us as our other selves.


“Because you two… well definitely Cynthia, at least… will not be going into battle.” Vic advises. “You will always remain here or at Kinnetic. Wait, let me finish. Cynthia you cannot protect them during battle while you yourself are fighting. And Halo you are too valuable a member of this group to go into battle. Ice-Tina will soon work out who, and what you are, and try to capture you. If she does, she will have you raped. First by Bailey- her alter ego, and then she’ll hand you off to her minions in order to compel you afterwards. Once you have done what she wants, she will kill you. I am sorry to be so brutal, but you have to know what you are dealing with.”


“Why did she kill my parents?” Halo asks quietly.


“Because that's what she thought you wanted. Remember you came back to the Underground having had a row saying that you wished they were dead?”


“I didn’t mean it literally!” He cries, dashing away tears and immediately Di comforts him. It takes a few minutes to compose himself and he looks at Vic. “I have to tell him, don’t I?”


“Yes, you do.”


He clears his throat. “Jules, Cylo k-killed your parents... Well not exactly, but he had a hand in it.” Jules gapes at him. “I’m sorry, dude. I didn’t know anything about it until he stabbed you two, I promise.”


“But why?” Jules sniffs, and with a nod from Vic, I pull him into my arms and run my fingers through his long hair. Gods, I am oh so thankful for the belt!


So am I! I hear in my head and I smile.


“Ahem!” Vic clears his throat hard. “Now focus, you two! It’s because you are an air magi Jules, and she wanted all air magis found. During the coupling, she would have been able to find the pure one, since it’s you. Cylo didn’t kill your parents, but he compelled the person who got drunk to drink more and the rest you know.”


“I still don’t understand… wait you said coupling. Was he expecting to fuck me?!  For what?!”


“Most likely his way of giving you comfort. Comfort, my ass!” Des sneers in disgust. “Surely you must have noticed the way he looked at you?”


“Ugh!” He turns his face back into my chest and shudders.


“That would be a no then.” I kiss the top of his head and he starts to relax a bit.


“Why is she like this?” Faye asks.


“Everyone sit down and listen. Sadly, she and Mika share a personality trait. They want things their way all the time, no matter what the other person or people want for themselves. And she, like Mika, wasn’t gifted her power, well not when she wanted it. But unlike Mika, she isn’t lazy. She is spoiled, spiteful, and jealous. When her older sister was going to be gifted her own powers, Calista pushed her out of the way and got them instead. But for every action, there is a reaction; for every cause, a consequence. Because she got them before her time, the counsel decreed that she wouldn’t be able to use them until it was her time…”


“What happened to her sister?” Des asks.


“She couldn’t forgive her for taking her powers and she left the family…”


“Is she still alive?”


“Oh very much so.” Vic smiles.


“Where is she? Can Ice-Tina get to her?” I ask.


“No, she can’t get to her as she is no longer her sister. She asked her parents to remove her from the family line…”


“Why? Surely she could’ve waited for Calista’s powers to come through and taken them?” Elvis queries.


“She could’ve done that, of course, but it was her parents’ reaction to Calista’s actions that sealed it for her. Instead of punishing Calista, they praised her ingenuity and then blamed her sister for not anticipating that move. She was so hurt and disappointed, especially when her parents were unfazed by her request. Calista got her second wave of powers when she should’ve and she was overwhelmed. She was told by her parents to have one power exorcised but she refused; becoming what she is now, as the power continued to take her over. She can’t absorb any more power, hence her need for a child with you, Byron.”


“You smiled.” Jules nestles back into my chest and Vic frowns. “You smiled when you said very much so, about her sister. Do you know where she is?”


“I’m right here.” Cynthia gives a small smile.


Astonished silence.


“Want me to continue?” Vic asks and she nods. “Once you are removed from the family line, willingly, you can either choose to remain power free or you can become a magi protector, and that’s what she chose.”


“Wow. Just wow. Cyn. I-I just… wow!” Fagin stammers.


“I’ve been tracking Calista for years and she always floated around Ice Regions. At first, I thought nothing of it. Then one day in the not so distant past, I saw her again. She didn’t recognise me, of course, but I couldn’t understand why she was here. Then you came into Ryder’s agency and it was like kaboom. I knew I had to protect you and anyone you held dear. Are you mad? I mean before, when I pretended...” She asks me quietly, looking at me for understanding.


“Are you kidding me?!” I grin at her, and she beams back. “So now what?” I ask.


“Di and I have to deal with Mika, and you must make this your second home. We won’t be long. Byron, can you come with us please? You, sadly, are our bait.”


“Wait, what about Cal… Ice-Tina?” Des worries. “Won’t she be able to sense him?”


“Oh, she’s got other things to worry about…” Di chuckles.


CALISTA’S ESTATE

CALISTA’S BEDROOM

CALISTA


I open my eyes carefully. The litany in my head has finally stopped and I sigh in relief. Clearly it was a nightmare that I was experiencing. I chuckle at my foolishness. It stands to reason that I must have been exhausted, since I’ve been running all over Europe. Of course, it would bring about hallucinations and the like. I get up and head to my dresser and then go stock still.


“Revertere ad me, pulchritudo.” I incant and still that image is in front of me. “Revertere ad me, pulchritudo!” I repeat firmly and still nothing changes. “REVERTERE AD ME, PULCHRITUDO!” I shout.


“What is happening?!” I scream. “What is happening?!” I try to leave the room, but like last night, I can’t. And now another litany starts in my head - for every action there is a reaction; for every cause, a consequence. Again, it is repeating, louder and louder, and I can’t make it stop.


DINER - AN HOUR LATER

VIC


Byron has an expression on his face I have never seen before, and I pull him into the office. “I want you to stay in here. Mika should be here soon. When he comes in, come out and behave as normal. Let him do what he usually does and we will do the rest. Understand?” He nods, and I am surprised to not find sadness or regret in his heart for Mika as I look at him.


“He was going to hurt Jules.” He whispers, and his eyes light and glow with the fire of anger. Rage indeed! “Someone he barely knows, and the things he has been saying to Fagin about him... Do what you need to do to keep Jules safe! That is the only thing that is important to me. What you do to Mika is of no consequence.” He answers, resignedly.


“I understand. He’s coming. Now promise, you will let us handle this… promise me now?!”


“I promise.” He says as his eyes die down, so I nod and head out.


MIKA


I see the familiar wig of my mother through the window and head inside. “Hi Ma. So you’re alive then?!” I snark, standing in front of her as she tries to take her order out.


“What are you talking about? You knew where I was.” She responds crossly, and flaps me out of the way.


“But you’ve not been in contact with me in all that time! Suppose something had happened to me?” I point out, tartly.


“Then someone would’ve contacted me, just like someone would’ve contacted you if something had happened to me. But clearly nothing did, so stop your bitching!”


Bitching?! Since when does she speak to me like that?!


“Ma! I am not bitching, I am your only son! As such, I am the head of the family and you would do well to remember that! You will watch your tone and speak to me with the respect that I deserve!” I snap.


“EXCUSE ME?!” She turns to me after slamming the coffee pot down. “I will speak to you with the respect that you deserve?” She pauses and takes a deep breath. Good, she is remembering her place! “Mika, I am very busy at the moment and don’t want a row. Why not take a seat at the counter and have some coffee and…”


“NO. Not before you apologize for the way you just spoke to… BYRON!” I yell, when I see him coming from out the back. “Where the fucking hell have you been?!”


“In Europe, like I said I would be, but I did stop off in Portland to help Di with…” Nicely pushed Byron, nicely pushed! Vic chuckles. Why the hell did I just hear that? I must have imagined that bullshit! I'll address it in a moment, but first...


“Portland?” I echo, and then turn to face Ma. “He was in Portland with you?” I stalk towards her, my heart pounding. “Ma, why didn’t you tell me this?!” I snarl, and she backs up a bit. Good! I have her right where I want her… cowering!


“I wasn’t aware I was supposed to.” She bites back.


“Byron is…” I jab her hard in her shoulder. “My. Best. Friend!” I jab her harder with every word. “And as such, everything he does, I should know about!”


“No, you shouldn’t!” Byron interjects. “Besides this was Kinnetic business, not comic-con business. We’re sponsoring some events over there.”


“I still should’ve been told that you were with him, mother dearest.” I spit.


“Mika, stop this shit now!” Byron tells me, but I am too angry.


“No, Byron! She keeps fucking interfering all the damn time! It’s time she learns her place!” I turn to her again. “I am sick to the back fucking teeth of you and everyone else getting between Byron and me! Let everyone on the goddamn fucking Street know, that when it comes to Byron, I am the only person you come to... ME!… NOBODY ELSE BUT…” I stop, as I have worked myself up so badly that I feel water running down my legs.


“Uh Mika, what the hell is wrong with you?” Byron gasps, backing away. “You’re pissing yourself!”


“What the fuck is happening?!” I screech and look down. My clothes start to break apart at the seams and fade away until I am naked. I can’t move my hands or arms to cover myself. “Somebody, do something!” I garble, and then watch mortified as I start to grow boobs and even worse, my cock starts to shrivel away. “MA!” I scream, but she is just staring at me, unmoved. “Ma!” I shout again… but my voice is different. It’s getting higher and higher, until I sound like a girl! I clamp my jaw shut and then my head is turned, unwillingly, to the mirror along the wall. I watch as I start to grow long flowing hair, my eyes grow bigger, and I start to turn into a girl! I hear the crunch and feel the pain of my hips curving wider, and hear someone shout out ‘nice cunt you got there’! I want to close my eyes, but I can’t. Instead, I see the water, the water rising all around me! Everyone is staring at me and pointing. This is a bad dream I tell myself, as the water starts to slide up my body, and then I realise, the water’s not rising... I am shrinking! I am getting smaller and smaller, and the water is surrounding me like a ball.


I am shouting and screaming at Ma to help me, but she isn’t moving, just staring blankly at me. I am dreaming, I am dreaming! I scream to myself and urge myself to wake up. As I look around, I see a pair of feet and look up, partly relieved, because it’s Uncle Vic. So it is a dream! I calm myself down and wait to wake up.


A few minutes later, I open my eyes and I turn over to see Ma looking at me. I stand up and hit my head on something, then look up...I am looking at a lid of some sort.


“Ma, what the fuck is…” I trail off, as I still sound like a girl!


“Zephyra. Calm yourself.” My eyes bug out of my head as Uncle Vic comes into view. “You need to leave the Street and go be with your true family. You were never one of us, as your actions and reactions have shown.”


“My name is MIKA! Now get me out of here!” I scream and stamp my foot. Whatever I am in wobbles, and bubbles float up from the bottom. “What the fuck is this?!” I demand.


“Goldfish bowl. You are now Zephyra the Niad, or water nymph. However, we could not leave you completely defenseless, so you have your own little world, where at least you are safe. But know this, we have given you the gift of longevity. This bowl will keep you alive until it is smashed by the only person that can wound your heart. Listen now and heed this warning well. If he has to kill you to protect the man he loves… kill you, he will! He has that right.”


Suddenly, I am picked up and carried by Ma to the door. She places me on the ground and I hear her say. “Apprehendere veram genus (take him to his true family)!”


“Ma, what are you…” I am cut off as I start to roll down the street faster and faster. I bump and bash against the bowl for what seems ages until I come to rest outside a building. I look around and it seems nice. Then I am lifted off the ground and I am staring into the gnarled face of a monster. “Put me down this instant!” I snap.


“Oh lookie what we have here, Cody. It’s a pretty ball.”

 

“Bring it inside, Igor. Bring it inside.”

Chapter 11: MIND TALKING and GIFTING by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Written by MissMerlot 

CHAPTER 11 - MIND TALKING AND GIFTING


CALISTA’S ESTATE - DAY 11, MORNING

CALISTA


I have been sleeping for the last two days, but I still feel so lethargic. I drag myself to the dresser and, of course, I am back to my usual beautiful self! I sigh and shake my head to clear it, but I am still a bit foggy. “Time for a shower methinks! That will clear my mind and sharpen my focus!”


Twenty minutes later, I am still not feeling as sharp as I should be, and then I stop. “You and your foolish human side. You are hungry!” I laugh at my stupidity, and after pulling on a robe, head downstairs. And then I hear the noise… a snickering, harsh laughter. I open the lounge door and freeze. Cody and Igor are playing with an orb. But they are not the Cody or Igor I am used to seeing… Instead, they are the Cody and Igor from that nightmare day!


“Calista!” I hear from the darkness, and try to find the source.


“Show yourself!” I demand.


“I can’t move from here!” A, strange, yet familiar voice shouts back.


“This is my home; my magic is paramount! Ex eo dimittis servum suum (release him from his bondage)!”


Your wish is my command! The same voice drawls, dripping with venom.


The room is bathed with light and a figure crumples to the ground. Warily I approach and tap it with my foot and with a groan, it flops over and I back up a bit. “Cylo?” Cody grits out. “Is that you?!”


Oh where are my manners! Let me introduce you to the true selves of your minions. Cylo is now Slitherer, like the venomous serpent he is. Cody is now Mandible… as he likes to speak out of both sides of his mouth. The second jaw is a nice touch, no? And Igor is Gaol, pronounced Jell. He is as ugly on the outside as his jealous nature - see what we did there - made him on the inside. Bear with me… you are so close to what you want… so prepare yourself… bye-bye!


“Who are you?!” I scream back, but I hear nothing in response.


“Calista, what has happened?” Cody grits out.


“I don’t know! Let me think! What is that?!” I point to the orb he is throwing from hand to hand and I can hear yells of protest. “Stop throwing whatever that is and give it to me!” With a glare, he hands it over and I look at it. And am incredulous! I am looking at a very indignant and queasy looking niad.


“Who fuck are you?!” She demands from inside the orb.


“I ask the questions! What are you doing in my home?!”


“Apparently this is my home too. Well, at least until I wake up from this nightmare!” She retorts imperiously, so I give her bowl a vigorous shake and that quiets her tongue!


“Now that you are being polite, what is your name?”


“Mika and…”


“Mika?!” I gasp and look at her carefully. “What on earth happened to you?!” I take the bowl back to the sofa and sit down.


“Who are you and why are you acting like you know me?” She crosses her arms, petulantly.


“Because I do know you, although you know me better as Bailey.” I smirk. “So what did Byron’s best friend do to get hims... sorry, herself, in such a watery pickle?”


“THIS IS A FUCKING NIGHTMARE!” She screams at me. “I have clearly had an aneurysm of some sort and am in an induced coma!”


“While there is some merit to that idea, there is one problem with that theory....”


“Which is?” She sneers.


“I am very much awake.” I answer, looking around my lounge.


“But… but I don’t understand why this has happened to me! All I wanted was to tell my stupid fucking mother just who is in charge where Byron is…”


“BYRON?! You have seen Byron?!” I demand.


She nods. “But it must be a dream because I also saw my Uncle Vic. And that crotchety old bastard has been dead for years!”


“Zephyra! Focus! What about Byron?!”


“What… why did you call me that?!” She demands, her eyes opening wider.


“Because that’s what it says on the lid of the bowl, Zephyra the Niad.” She sits down at the bottom of the bowl and starts to sob, judging by the shaking of the shoulders. I let her get it out for a minute or two before I have to get back to the matter in hand. I look across at Mandible and Gaol… no matter how I hard I try, I can’t say their former names… and they are just sitting and watching intently. “Zephyra, please answer my question. Where did you see Byron?”


“At the diner, before I arrived here.” She replies, wiping her eyes. I try not to smirk that she’s wiping away tears in water!


“Okay, now listen, you two!” I turn to Mandible and Gaol… Slitherer has slunk away into the darkness. I can deal with him later. “I am going to the diner to find out what I can about Byron. Do not do anything with Zephyra or you will deal with me!” They look disappointed, but nod in response. “Revertere ad me Bailey!” I incant and hear the gasp from Zephyra as she realises that this is real.


DINER - 90 MINUTES LATER

BAILEY


I slide into the booth and look around. There is a low hum of appreciation at my presence and I smirk. I watch a couple of the waitresses run around serving their customers. I can’t understand why anyone would want to eat here, as the food looks horrendous. I am pulled out of my musings by someone sitting in the family booth.


“Hey honey, you staying long or is this just a sit and wait for your order then fly?” The waitress asks and the guy nods before placing his order.


I turn my thoughts back to the matter at hand. Finding Byron. But again, while there is a trace of him here, he is not here at the moment. To make matters worse, I still can’t get a fix on his location, it’s like someone is scrambling my detection of him.


“God, that guy thinks he’s really something, doesn’t he?” Someone snickers.


What?


“Look at him in that jerkin… actually that should be a jerk in a jerkin. His arms aren’t as built as he wants to think they are in that tee! I’ve seen chicken wings with more meat!”


Now just…


“And that hair, who does he think he is? Fabio?”


“Who the hell is Fabio?”


“Oh some old fart that was thought to be all that and a bottle of grape soda years ago… we are talking centuries here!”


Centuries?!


“You know what I think? He’s coming here like a Byron-wannabe, but there is only one Byron, and man... the feel of his cock alone...”


“When did he fuck you?!”


“Just before he went away. He’s nine and a half inches long and about three inches wide. I couldn’t sit or walk properly for days!”


“That sounds about right,” he sighs wistfully, and I feel it deep within my core, remembering Byron and that blond. “But back to this Byron-willneverbe! The way he strutted in here and looked around as if to announce ‘I’m here’ and we’re like, ‘don’t care!’ He best realize that there’s only one top cock in town.” The bastard looks directly at me. “And you’re never going to be him, let alone be fucked by him… or anyone else on the Street for that matter! And as for fucking any…”


“I am not a fucking jerk, he will fuck me, and I can fuck any one of you and you’d be grateful!” I shout, and then stalk out, leaving the diner in silence.


VIC


I watch Bailey flounce out in fury, and chuckle to myself. I take my coffee order and head out, keeping an eye on where he is going. As he hails a cab and gives the estate address, I put a protection spell on the driver. I don’t want him to feel her wrath.


“Did you enjoy that?” I link arms with Cynthia after handing her the coffee. For the first time in years, she laughs heartily.


“Oh so much!”


“You are doing wonderfully, but enough playing for now. She will start to gather her army…” I look around, and as usual, people are heads down, scurrying about their business. “Down that alley is a portal to Kinnetic. Off you go.”


She starts to leave, but then pauses. “Thank you for…”


“You’re welcome. Now go!” I flick her away and pull my jacket tighter, purely for aesthetics, of course. It wasn’t a lot, but it was a tiny bit of revenge for what she stole from her. No… from the world! Cynthia would’ve used her powers for good, and Calista knew it. But instead of honoring that, the heartless, power-hungry trollop punished her sister for it by using them this way!


Vic… do not mourn the past… fight for the future.


“Yes, master.” I give a small smile and head back to Di’s house.


THOMAS MANSION - AFTERNOON, DAY 12

BASEMENT

BYRON


Jules and I have been practicing hand-to-hand combat. We’re now experts, yeah baby; in muay thai, karate, judo, and capoeira, amongst other forms of martial arts. But growing up as a Kent also gave me a crash course in Backwater Brawl 101. It’s a poor rat that doesn't know more than one hole to crawl out of, and the same theory goes for the art of self-defense! While we are concentrating on what we are doing, making sure we don’t hurt each other, we are also very conscious of the passing of time, as in we’ve got two days before we can…


“Enough now!” Vic orders as he comes in. “Stand here please.” He points to a spot in front of him. “For your hard work, I shall give you a reward. The others have gotten theirs, so now it is your time.”


Jules pushes his sweaty hair out of his face. God, he is so hot!


“It is quite obvious that the attraction between the two of you is strong; you need to take the edge off.”


We both gape at him.


“Hey, I was once alive and horny too, so I know what it feels like!” He grins. “The house is empty. So, while you cannot consummate your relationship just yet, you can mess around for a while… bye now.” Vic smirks and fades away.


We stare at each other for a few minutes. “So do you um... want to um…” Jules stutters so adorably that I have to kiss him quiet. Like our first kiss in the lounge, I just press my mouth to his, letting him make the first move. And like that first kiss, his tongue touches my lips. But this time, I pull back. “Are you sure?” His now violet eyes, which had returned to emerald green when we finished our ‘battle’, look up at me with surety and trust and he nods. “Good.” I bow my head again and press against his mouth, this time demanding entrance. The moment my tongue touches his, he wraps his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist. His mouth tastes of honey, and chocolate. In fact, he tastes of every other decadent thing I have ever wanted to have, but never allowed myself. I have to stop!


“What? What’s wrong?” He frowns.


“You taste so good... too good!” I groan.


“Kiss me! Please kiss me!” He whimpers, and I close my eyes and obey.


We need to lie down but we can’t because… “Oof!” Jules exclaims. I look around realizing we’re in his bedroom and on his bed… bad idea!


“Okay, let’s stop…” I tell him.


“Please Byron, please.” He looks up at me, his eyes clear and when I read him, he is as sure about this as I am.


“If I hurt you…”


“I will stop you, I promise! But please...!” He whimpers.


I kiss softly him and he releases the vice like grip he has round my waist. The kiss deepens and again, his honeyed mouth tastes wonderful! I move to his neck, placing soft butterfly kisses along his collarbone. Then I kiss down his chest, his pretty pink nipples are so inviting that I just have to kiss them too, and his breath hitches. I pull one gently into my mouth and suck it into hardness, while his hand scrambles into my hair to hold my head in place.


“Ouch! Ease up. You have two, so let me treat the other one.” I whisper, smiling up at his slightly dazed expression.


“Sorry, it just feels so good!”


“I take it you’ve never had anyone touch you at all?” I slide up so we are face to face. When he goes pink, my heart melts… a little.


“I’ve just… well you know, like on the sofa… but by myself.”


“I see. Do me a favour and turn over.”


“Why? Are you going to spank me?” He ask with nervous excitement.


“No. But I think that this would be the perfect thing for you to experience. So turn over and get on your hands and knees.” He slowly does as he’s told and I peel down his shorts. “Beautiful... so beautiful.” I murmur, as I look at his peachy posterior.


“What are you doing?” He sounds nervous.


“Sssh.” I stroke his globes and then gently part his cheeks, his pucker winks enticingly at me. “Oh God!” I groan and lower my head so I can inhale his scent.


“Uh Byron…? You seem to be… oh!” He gasps as my tongue touches him. “Are you allowed to do… to do… to… ummmm!” He trails off as I slowly, but firmly, work my tongue inside him. His body is trembling and he is trying to spread his legs to give me more room. “Nudus (naked).” I incant and take a look, then smile. Now that is a good size cock. Wonder what it will feel like inside of me. I pause at that thought and shake my head to clear it. Back to the matter in hand, I whirl my tongue round my mouth to get it nice and wet and then work it back inside of him.


“Byron!” He squeaks, and tries to move away as I continue to work my tongue inside. “That feels…! Oh can you… oh! Hah! Mmmm! What have you touched?! There! Yes there! D-d-do that a-again!” As he writhes on my tongue, I reach for his cock and slowly start to tug. “F-f-fuck!” He shrieks, and grabs the headboard.


Slowly, I withdraw my tongue from the tight orifice. “How do you want me to finish you?” I ask, pausing all activity.


“I don’t know!” He gibbers, his body trembling.


“Roll over now!” I order and immediately, he flops onto his back. His eyes are glazed and his hands are wrapped round the headboard. “This... this is how!” I growl, and then swallow him down whole.


“GAAAAAAHHHH!” He screams and I start to suck and lick, wanting to give him the best first time blowjob ever! As I hear him whimpering and begging me not to stop, it hits me. I want to do this for him. I want to make him feel good and I want to be the person making him feel this way!


“Byron! B-BYRON! Oh God it’s… I’m... please! I can feel it! It’s so… AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” and I hold his hips still as he grabs my hair and pumps his honeyed seed down my throat. It is like ambrosia. I finally swallow the last of his offering and gently lower him back down to the bed as I lick my lips. I chuckle as his hands fall limply out of my hair. “W-what was that… that thing with your tongue?” He finally manages to speak.


“A rim job. I don’t need to tell you what the other thing was, do I?” I slide up his satiated body and he manages to shake his head.


“Did you?” He looks into my eyes and I shake my head. “Why not?” He frowns.


I shrug. “I wanted to make you happy.”

 

He smiles. “Send me to sleep please.” He asks, and I let my eyes flare, waiting for a few seconds before I peel myself off him and then clean us both up. Then I slide in behind him to join him in sleep.

 

Chapter 12: TO HOLD and HARASS by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Written by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 12 - TO HOLD AND HARASS


LS DINER - MORNING, DAY 13

ELVIS


I have to admit to being a little jealous that Byron and Jules are not here right now. We were all up pretty late speaking with Di and Vic… or should I say being run around in circles when asking our ever-growing list of questions. It seems the more non-answers they gave, the more tired we  became. After all that, we are up incredibly early after being told that there was something that we had to hear and see. I can’t even begin to imagine what that is, as I’m still trying to swill enough coffee to fire the synapses in my exhausted brain.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              


“Morning all,” Cynthia chirps as she comes in. Somehow I now understand why she and Byron have been friends for the amount of years they have. Instead of looking like she’d been up all night with us, she looks as refreshed as if she’d slept a week! Her red pantsuit looks newly pressed while setting off the highlights in her perfectly coiffed hair. Her makeup is simply flawless!


“How?” I ask. Even though Fagin’s designer suit lends the same air as Cynthia’s, he still looks as exhausted as the rest of us.


“Oh that’s an easy answer. I got a good night’s sleep.”


“Bull dinky, Cyn! You were sitting right there with us.” Des states, reaching forward to grab the carafe of coffee Di left in the middle of our table.


Cynthia slides into the seat next to her, giving her a light peck on the cheek before whispering to the rest of us. “As I said, it has an easy answer. While my body is able to stay in one place, my mind is able to shut itself down at will, so that it can rest. It’s something I’ve always been able to do, from the time I was little. So while I was physically present, I was also suspended in mental stasis.”


“Damn! Can you teach me how to do that?” Des asks, as amazed as the rest of us. “That could have come in handy when I was listening to some of my idiot teachers go on and on about some foolish thing or another. I’m so glad I am officially done with high school!”


“How? You and Jules weren’t able to test out as planned since…”


“Yes they were,” Vic says as he comes in. “By using the same gift Cynthia has a portion of, I was able to have Jules and Des test out even as they were in their healing stasis. So yes, they are officially done, but that’s not why you are all here this morning.”


“Okay. I think. But just why are we here then?” I ask, stifling yet another yawn.


“The main reason will be along shortly; but in the meantime, I want you each to pay close attention to the conversations happening around you. I think you will happen upon some very enlightening, and quite frankly, entertaining points of view.”


“What are the chances of being interrupted by a screeching Mika? You know that he always appears at the wrong time, especially when there is interesting gossip to be had, drowning out anything interesting in exchange for hearing his own voice.” I almost feel a little guilty for not missing the quiet since he’s not been around in the last few days, nor has he been ringing all of our phones off the hook. Perhaps he’s finally gotten the Byron don’t want your ass message, but I seriously doubt it. Mika is, if nothing else, persistent and selectively deaf.


“Oh no. He won’t be a problem. Just take a listen and find out what’s been happening while you all have been away.”


For the next hour, we are all torn between laughter and shock, as conversation after conversation tells of Mika’s new situation, and the metaphorical pin that has popped Bailey’s over-inflated ego. Speaking of which…


We all watch as the next occupant of the diner comes in and takes a seat, looking as imperious as ever. I see Faye stiffen as if to get up, but at Vic’s almost imperceptible shake of his head, she sits back down, taking a sip of her orange juice. Di hurries over with everyone’s breakfast, forcing us to act as if we hadn’t noticed the blonde bitch with the permanent scowl on her face. All of us acting unbothered by her presence must have gotten on her nerves, because as we all look up, there she stands, big and bold as shit at the end of the table. She clears her throat, and we’re all faced with Calista’s narrowed eyes.

 

“What? No ‘hello’ for an old friend?”


“Show us a ‘friend’ and we’ll say hello. Though, as you certainly are looking old, you were never a friend. However, since you are a basically a non-factor where we all are concerned, we felt that no greeting was needed,” Fagin says.


“Uh Fagin, we have that meeting in about two hours if you want to get some additional rest at the office,” Cynthia announces, standing up to leave.


“Ah, Cynthia. Long time, no see. I suppose you’ve been busy toiling away at the office.”


“Yes, I have. But you know, some of us actually like to earn the things we acquire, while some make their living stealing from others. I’m sure you know which category you fall into. Now if you’ll excuse me, I actually have my own money to earn, not the quarterly fee that your parents probably pay you to keep away from them. Since you don’t have a job, or a partner, or a baby daddy, and have way too much time on your hands, I assume that’s who’s supporting you, right? Good day, Calista.”


Cynthia walks away as Calista stands there scowling at the back of her. “One of these days, I will make sure that bitch learns her place,” she mutters.


“Fortunately for her, it’s not going to be on her back or her knees. That’s the way you excel.” Faye says. “But enough about your penchant for whoredom, what is it that you want?”


“Well actually, I was hoping to catch up to Byron. I have a proposition for him.”


“Honey, anything you are thinking of propositioning can’t be anything that he could possibly be interested in.” I snicker at the red blush which spreads quickly over her face. Yeah bitch, you ain’t fooling no one!


“It’s a business proposition. Such a filthy mind!”


“Well your opportunities to discuss business just walked out of the door. Their names were Cynthia and Fagin, in case you’ve forgotten.”


“Why would I want to discuss anything with those peons of his?” She sniffs, flinging her hair away from her face in frustration.


“Oh, I don’t know. Perhaps it’s because he trusts them, whereas he can’t stand you. But hey, what do I know, except that you are the last person Byron would want to discuss dish detergent with, let alone business. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear that you and Mika have been sharing his one remaining brain cell lately; the others called it quits a long time ago. Too bad you and he never met, then you might be missed around here. You know, you're beginning to sound as arrogant and misguided as he always does. You should have that condition medically checked. Maybe there's a cure."


“What the hell are you rambling about, Elvis? I don’t have any… any condition!”


“Sure you do. It’s called Stupidity a la Osmosis. If Mika, or someone he infected with his chronic stupidity leaks, rubbed against you in any way I’m sure that’s how you caught it. Quickly now! Run to the nearest shrink you can! Delusion disorder is the first sign.” I tell her, as I move my hands at her in a dismissive gesture.


The whole table erupts in laughter as Calista just stands there, looking more and more like a fish. She’s opened and closed her mouth so many times in the last thirty seconds that I’m beginning to wonder if she’s part Guppy.


Before she can say another word, she screams out and falls to the floor, clutching herself, seemingly in pain.


“Yeah. Apparently having Mika’s brand of stupidity is very painful,” Faye snickers.   


THOMAS MANSION - EXACTLY THE SAME TIME FROM THE START OF THE CONVERSATION IN THE DINER

JULES’S ROOM

 

JULES


I have had the most amazingly intense dream! One of the things about being in stasis is that your mind is completely free to wander where it wants. And boy did mine wander! I dreamt that Byron and I… well he did wonderful things to me with his tongue and mouth, and I came so hard I was screaming like I was being murdered. But, they do say that the orgasm is le petit mort! I feel a warmth behind me and jab it with an elbow. “Des, wake up! I have to tell you something!”


“Would that something be that I did wonderful things to you with my tongue and mouth and you came so hard you were screaming like you were being murdered?”


I shoot to the end of the bed, dragging the bedding with me to reveal a very naked, and very well endowed Byron! “What are you doing in my bed?!” I shriek, as I lick my lips.


“I was sleeping, but your thoughts woke me up. Can I have some of the bedding please?” He smirks at me as I feel my face flush.


I loosen my grip and and he covers himself up. Then he holds out his hand and I clamber towards him. Once I settle in his arms, I play with the hair on his stomach and then finally look at him. “So, um we…”


“Should go and brush our teeth.” He interrupts. “Morning breath is a bitch!”


We brush our teeth in silence, stealing glances at one another. His are adorably amused, while I feel so horrible. “Stop it.” He chides me and kisses my shoulder before rinsing out his mouth and pulling on his shorts. “Go back to bed and I’ll be back.” I give him a small smile and watch him leave. Then sighing, I head back to bed.


An hour later, I can feel someone’s hand in my hair. “Oh Des, it was so wonderful, and then it was awful when he left!”


“Seriously, what is it about you mistaking me for Des in your bed? Should I be worried?” I look up and he’s smiling down at me. “As you can tell, I didn’t leave. By the time I came back up again, you’d gone back to sleep, so I let you rest.”


“You did… I mean I did?” I start to blush and he nods.


“So do you want your chocolate now?” I nod, and he smiles as he hands it to me.


“It’s cold.” I point out, pouting, as I see the marshmallows floating on the top… I love marshmallows!


“It will heat up.” He murmurs. “Calor (heat).” I watch fascinated as the liquid starts to bubble but the mug stays cool. “Tell me when to stop.”


“I like it when the marshmallows just start to melt… stop!”


Prohibere (stop). Now taste it.” I take a sip. “Is it okay?”


“Perfect.” I reply, and when he reaches for my hand to stroke my palm, I smile. I finish my drink and put the cup on the table. “Byron?”


“Like I said, because I wanted to make you happy.”


“But I want to make you happy too!” I point out. “It can’t be one sided! Please let me. I might not… no, I know I will not be very good, but I will try.”


“Jules…”


“Byron, I want to!” I declare, and look him in the eyes so he can see I am serious.


“Okay.” He replies quietly and lies down. “Can you get out so I can move across a bit?”


I quickly move and once he’s in the centre of the bed, I get back in. “So what do I touch first?”


“My mouth.”


“Okay.” I start to get astride him and shuffle up towards his face.


“Jules! I meant kiss me!” He laughs.


“Oh God, how embarrassing!” I groan.


“It’s funny! Your naivete and gaucheness is adorable!” He snickers.


“I don’t want to be funny or adorable!” I pout. “I want to be hot and sexy.”


“What makes you think that you’re not?” He twirls my hair around his fingers.


“You laughed.” I point out.


“Because love making is supposed to be like that. It’s supposed to be hot, sexy, funny, and loving. If you can’t laugh when you are doing the most intimate thing in the world, then when can you?”


I drop my head on his chest, then bash it repeatedly like he did when Mika sent him the picture of Bailey. “So basically…” I mumble into his chest. “... you want me to...”


“Relax. Where is the very sweet, hot, sexy, and funny guy I spotted under that street light?”


I slide up and scrunch my nose. “He’s right here. Can we start this again?” He nods and I lower my head and as we kiss, I groan at his taste and pull back. “You taste…”


“Less talking, more kissing.” He pulls me back down and I suckle his tongue. He tastes of honey and caramel.


I bury my hands in his hair as his tighten in mine and we start to drink from each other. He is the most amazing kisser! I finally lift my head and smile lazily at him. As I remember what he did to me, I start with his collarbone, and he strokes my back as I kiss and nip at his skin. When I get to his nipples I pause.


“Stop thinking and just do.” He murmurs.


Taking his words on board, I suck in some air to chill my tongue and then apply it to his nipple.


“Oh!” He gasps as I pull the nipple into my ice cold mouth. “So co… good!” He groans as I kiss an ice cold trail across to his other nipple and lavish it with the same attention, right before slowly sliding down his body to his gorgeous, throbbing cock. Not that I know exactly what to do!


“Warm up first, please.” He moans. I smile and do as he asks. Then I look at the mammoth task in front of me. “Ring your fingers around the end near my pubes, to hold me steadier. And then when you’re ready, slowly suck down. If you think you are taking in too much, just stop and bring your fingers up so you don’t take too much of me down? Okay?” I nod, and as my much warmer mouth wraps around his cock, he lets out this breathy moan and reaches for my hand.


Slowly, but surely, I start to take more and more in and then suck. “Holy...!” He garbles out, tightening the hold on my hand and immediately I stop. “Don’t stop! So good!” He nods encouragingly. I remember he added licking and try to recreate that. “Mmmm! Yeah! Yeah! Jules... oh God!” He spreads his legs wider but I concentrate on sucking and licking… and lowering my fingers so I can take him all in. I slide my mouth up and down, getting closer and closer to taking him completely, and the noises that I am making him make- me, this virgin- are so hot! I start to grind against the bed. “Jules! Jules! You need to… you need to…” He starts to chant and tries to pull his hand from mine, but I refuse to let go. “Jules, I’m gonna cum real soon!”


He stamps his foot on the bed and again, he tries to get me to stop. But I keep sucking, I keep licking… I keep loving this man underneath me. The same kind and enigmatic man, whom I loved the moment I looked into his eyes. I let go of his hand and push his legs wider and without conscious thought or reasoning, I stroke his balls. “O utinam Deus bonus non prohibere Deum (oh God, oh God, so good, don’t stop)!” I take a big breath and finally take him all the way down my throat. “Ego veniens ego veniam (I’m coming, I’m coming)!” He starts to pulse and it tastes heavenly... so sweet, as if it was made for me and only me. “JULES, OH GOD, JULES, YES! YES!” He yells and he gently tugs on our reconnected hands and pulls me up until we are face to face. The kiss we share is different somehow, but I don’t know why.


“Byron? Was that alright?” I ask shyly when we finally part.


“It was perfect.” He smiles.


BACK IN THE DINER

ELVIS


We watch Calista scream and writhe on the floor clutching... oh please God, let it be her stomach and not her snatch!.... and whimpering. “Should we help?” I ask Vic, and he shakes his head.


“Right. Come on you lot. We’ve got to meet Byron at the airport and then we go to New York. Di, we will see you tomorrow.”


“Have a safe flight!” She calls out, as she steps over Calista to take her next order over.


Although we have no idea what he is talking about, we dutifully follow Vic out!


Vic turns to me laughing. “Really Elvis, you had to think that?!”


“What? What did he think?” Faye looks at me puzzled.


“He was praying that Calista was clutching her stomach and not her…”


“Ewwwwww! Jesus, guys! Do you want me to lose my breakfast?!” Des shrieks. “I still don’t know how Faye even ate from that plate. Just looking at her in her human form turns my stomach.”


“Trust me, Des. She seemed very different from what we all know her to be now. And with the many forms she’s taken on over the years, I have to wonder myself how I could be with someone so bitter. That kind of emotion generally tends to seep through a person’s pores and spills out into everything they do. And every part of them, if you get my meaning.” Faye answers.


“Well if it’s any consolation Faye, you and I can buddy up since I’m alone too. But there’s someone out there for each of us. You know that, don’t you?”


“I don’t know, El. Being able to trust again will be a bitch to do.”


“Yeah, but between Des and I, we’ll teach you how. In the meantime, they have these wonderful new toys at Mercy’s Gate that will keep you a happy, purring kitten until the perfect pussy happens up in your lap again.”


“Jeez, could you come up with any more bad puns today, Elvis?” Des laughs.


“What can I say… It’s a gift!” I answer, batting my eyes.


“It is indeed!” Vic smiles at us. “Now come on, I think Byron and Jules have had enough fun without us for the moment, don’t you?”


“Wait, Jules and Byron! Have they?!” I gasp.


“No. But they have started the melding process, in which their powers will become intertwined. And they do that by the only way the Byron knows.”


“By fucking!” Des squeaks, but then shuts up real quick in the face of Vic’s wrathful expression. “Well Di said…”


“And she was wrong!” He rebukes her and she shrinks back. “My dear sweet child, I’m sorry, but Byron is so special and dear to me that her constant put downs have always irked. But I think she’s been learning that all has not been as she was led to believe, or the way things appeared. And even though she loves him, it will still take time for Di to reconcile who she thought Byron was, with who he really is. But I advise you to get to know the man himself, and not the preconceived notions. You can trust him with Jules, I promise. As for Jules and Byron, I have been keeping an eye on them. Byron gave Jules his first proper…” He pauses and leads us down an alley. “Nos protegat (shield us).” He waits for a few minutes and then taps above him. “Thank you. Byron made Jules happy, and willingly so, and Jules did the same for him, again, willingly. That’s why Calista was in pain; it was the pain of her ovaries withering away. It’s proper name is purging.”


“Wait a sec... it’s day 13 today so tomorrow they can have at it, right?” Vic shakes his head. “Why not?” Faye asks.

 

“Because this was enough for them. Right now, they are sleeping. We need to go back to the mansion and I need to wake up Halo. Aperta portal (portal open) and you…” He looks at Des, “...need to stop playing hardball and be nice to the boy!”

 

Chapter 13: UNLUCKY FOR THEM, THE IAGO TALKS by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Written by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 13 - UNLUCKY FOR THEM, THE IAGO TALKS

DINER - STILL DAY 13

CALISTA


I manage to haul myself up onto a seat and breathe through the pain. It is indescribable! It feels like pieces of me are being ripped away. Slowly the pain starts to ebb, and when it finally recedes I stand, scowling at the indifference everyone is showing to my agony, and I start to walk out. “Remember, honey! Byron is in New York!” Di calls out.


“That’s what planes are for!” I snap, and flinch as pain flares up again.


“Have a safe flight!” She trills.


I stumble up the street, find the nearest alleyway, and step into the darkness. “Ut me meae (take me to my sanctuary)!” I incant.


CALISTA’S ESTATE

BEDROOM


When I feel the crisp but familiar comfort of my sheets, I sigh and uncurl as the pain again starts to ebb. “Dolor auferat a me (rid me of this pain).” I order, and while it doesn’t go away, it does ease. Then I hear that chuckle.


Not time yet… only a day or so. But hurry, hurry, you need to find Byron in the Big Apple!


Ut me iens Novum Eboracum (take me to New York)!” I smirk as I land outside the W Hotel.


Teleportation is a nice touch. Stupid, but a nice touch!


What do you mean?!


Well you and I both know that you should only teleport once a day because it depletes your magic… such a shame that your objet d’amour is not here and all the flights back to Gayopolis are full. That is, of course, if he is in Gayopolis at all. Bye-bye!


KINNETIC

CONFERENCE ROOM 2

CYNTHIA


Ouch, what the fuck was that for?! I glare at Fagin as he mentally kicks my shin.


Concentrate!


I scan the room, as clearly, someone has just asked me a question… When is Byron due back? “He’ll be back at the end of the week, but not in the office until the end of next week.”


“That’s perfect. We have time. Plenty of time.”


“Thank you Chief of Police Stockwell…”


“Please, call me Jim.” He smiles at me and shakes my hand.


“Jim then. We will speak to you next week.”


As they head out, I look at Fagin, and he nods. Yes, Jim Stockwell would be good for Gayopolis.


THOMAS MANSION - AN HOUR LATER

BASEMENT

HALO


We’re all waiting for Jules and Byron to come down and join us. I have been caught up on the current events and have been belly-laughing at what happened to the imp… I mean Niad, and that frosty assed cunt during my stasis. “So why was I in stasis for so long?” I look at Vic and he grins. In fact, everyone is grinning, well all except Des, who has her head lowered. “What?” I look around.


“You are healed.” Vic smiles and brings over a full length mirror. “And now that you have let go of your sorrow and rage, you look like that.”


I stare at myself in the mirror. And blink. And blink again. “You said I wouldn’t change.”


“No, I said you would never go into battle… not the same.” He argues. “This was always there and now that you have accepted what has happened, the outer matches the inner. When it’s time to make the weapons, you’ll change back, but as an everyday look, well here you are.”


“I look… I look…”


“Des, anything to say?” Vic asks, tilting his head.


“He needs to put on his pants.” She replies, still with her head bowed.


“Why?” Elvis asks.


“Because the mouse is coming out of the house.” Byron drawls as he joins us. “And from a purely aesthetic point of view, it’s a good sized mouse.”


“Oh for fuck sake!” I shriek, and run behind the mirror to tuck myself back in and then come back out. “So what’s happening today?”


“We start to pack up.” We all stare at him. “This is your second home. Your place of sanctuary. Your protected space. Yes, you will always have your own places. But Ice-Tina will eventually find a way to get into them. We need to protect this place more. Hence the portals, which she can’t sense. As I said before, make this your home away from home. Once we have done that, you will meet Doc and Brains. They have been at Thomas Electronics and have been changing a few things. It will be our headquarters for military actions. Now come along, let’s get this place tidy!”


THE UNDERGROUND - LATE AFTERNOON

CODY


Well it seems that what has happened to us in Calista’s estate has extended to the Underground. I feel that I have gotten off lightly, with only having the second jaw, but some, like Igor, have been severely battered with the ugly stick! But I still like him. Naturally, Cylo is no longer interested in him, and that has broken his heart.


Calista is wherever the fuck, but we woke up here this morning along with the orb that has the bitchy niad in it! If it wasn’t for a direct order from her ‘highness’, I would smash that fucking thing. That high pitched, whiney voice of hers goes right through you!


“What the hell has happened to us?!” Some guy calls out as he takes in his new image. “Jesus, Cody! Does that hurt?!”


“Nope!” He flinches as I clack my side jaw.


“Where’s Cylo?” He asks.


“I’m here!” He calls out from a corner and steps out. While the blood on his clothes has disappeared, the knife continues to drip of its own volition, as does the side of his mouth. “Cody, do you know what Calista wants us to do?”


I shake my head, but then, right on cue her call comes through. I hold my hand up for silence. “Calista, we’re all back at the Underground and… New York? What are you…? Oh, okay. When are you coming back? It's just that everyone who hung out here has changed. No, I haven't seen Halo... True... Okay, I will keep everyone here. Just one more thing... About the mouthy Niad, is there something you can… oh right. Thanks.” I hang up and smile, but grimace at the same time. “Right. Calista said we’re all to stay here. The only persons who we should let in are her and Halo. Chances are he’ll have transformed too, and will seek out his family.”


“What about me?!” Miss Mouthy shouts at me.


“Oh yeah, Calista said to let you know to not annoy me, or…”


“Or what?!” She snarks.


“This.” I retort and pick her up to give her a good hard shake.


“STOP IT! STOP IT!” She screams as she bounces and jolts around.


“She said that when she did this you got real quiet, real quick!” I laugh, shaking her harder!


“I’m going to be sick!” She screams.


“That only affects you!” Igor snickers. “Throw it to me. I want to shake her up, too!”


“I’LL BE QUIET!  I PROMISE! JUST STOP!” She shrieks as she flies towards Igor.


“You promise…?” Cylo intercepts her passage then twirls and bounces her. She nods vigorously. “Good. You have such an irritating voice! I can’t think why she would want to keep you.” She’s about to say something, but the warning tilt from him has her sitting down in the bottom of her bowl, sulking.


“Sulking beats speaking any day!” He chuckles.


“So, you’ve accepted what you’ve done then?” I ask Cylo and he nods. “Shame about…”


“If he hadn’t gotten in the way, then he’d still be here, alive. So it’s his own fault, not mine!” He snarls. He’s lying, but I let him live in his world. At least, he’s stopped his fucking mooning!


“So when do you reckon Halo will get here?” Igor asks.


“You know what he’s like. He likes to sleep in, and after everything that happened with his fam…” I pause as I notice how intently the niad is listening. I narrow my eyes then walk over to pick up the bowl and carry her to a cupboard. I take great pleasure in locking her loud, nosy ass inside. The last thing we need is a reason for her to speak again!


“What did you do that for?” Cylo asks.


“I don’t like her. I can’t understand why Calista wants her around, but that’s what she wants. However, she didn’t say that I had to be around the little water bitch.”


ZEPHYRA


How fucking dare he put me in here?! I stand up and start to rock my bowl but whatever he has put me on is very sturdy and it isn’t moving. I try running from one side to the other and still nothing. “For fuck sake!” I grumble quietly. I need to get out of here so I can hear what they are saying. Wait till Calista hears about this! I sit down and start to ponder what I managed to hear. They mentioned a Halo. And the bloody boy out there killed someone, or a couple of people. I just need to find out who. Double Jaw Boy is not going to get away with this treatment! I shall make sure that I have Calista’s ear, just like I did Byron’s until my fucking mother interfered. I think about what happened and realise that after he screamed when I was changing, I never saw him again. I wonder what happened to him? Suddenly the door to the cupboard is opened and I am taken out. They place me on the window sill, but I’m still on the thing that doesn't allow me to move. I huff crossly while straining to listen to what they are saying. Then I hear someone say Jules and what someone called Cylo did. I chuckle and store that away for future use! As I look outside, I see something that makes my heart soar… Calista is coming! I smile as they scramble at the sound of her voice, and I rub my hands with glee!


CALISTA


I feel like shit! Even though I shouldn’t have teleported again, I needed to get back immediately. I sink into the sofa and sigh. “First thing you need to do is to clean this place up. I do not like coming into filth, detritus, muck, and mire!” I take another breath and stand up. “Slitherer, Mandible, Gaol, come with me, and bring Zephyra.” I find an empty and tidy room to sit down in, which is a miracle with the hovel this place is. “Place her here and tell me what has been happening.”


“Someone called Cylo killed someone called Jules!” Zephyra blurts out and smiles as Slitherer flinches.


“Oh, whatever for?” I sigh.


“I wasn’t trying to kill him.” He narrows his eyes at Zephyra. “I was trying to kill Des, his bitchy best friend. His watch-bitch stepped once more into my business, and then when she taunted me about what he was doing with Byron…”


“Byron?!” Zephyra looks up at him and then at me. “This Jules? Was his name Jules Thomas, perhaps?”


“It was.” Slitherer replies.


“Calista! This is perfect!” Zephyra cries out. “Byron owns half of his late father’s company. So now with the brat out of the way, he’s got the entire thing!”


“And that helps how?” Mandible asks.


“Well if you, and I can’t believe I am saying this, as Bailey, can get at him while he’s vulnerable, not that Byron does that sort of emotion of course, but he developed a soft spot for the little fucker. So with his money and your power…”


I nod and smile at her. “Right. I am going back to my estate and am taking Zephyra with me. She, unlike you lot, has proven useful! I shall be back tomorrow when my plans will have come to fruition, and this place will be fit for the queen I am!”


ZEPHYRA


As she carries me out of the room, I turn and give them the double finger and stick out my tongue!


CALISTA’S ESTATE - AN HOUR LATER

LOUNGE

CALISTA


I feel so much better! I have showered and replenished my powers. I look at Zephyra and her smug countenance. “And you are looking pleased with yourself because...?” I ask.


“We both get what we want.” She tells me.


“How so?” I am curious as to where she thinks she fits in here!


“You get Byron, of course! And well, with what I know about him, I can help you control him.”


I frown. “I thought you were his best friend.”


“I am! But as I was saying before I was changed into this, everyone needs to know that I, and now you and I, are in charge where Byron is concerned! And let’s face it, you can’t get to him without me.” She crosses her arms and stares triumphantly at me.


“And how do you figure that?”


“He’s not here.” She points out.


“So tell me about this company he now owns.”


“Well that’s the thing. You really need to get that information from Cynthia and Fagin. Whilst I was privy to his private life, he wouldn’t share his business life with me. There were times I tried to get him to help me with my store, but they wouldn’t let him! Once you get the information you need from them…”


I nod. “Anything else?”


“No. That’s all I have…”


“It’s enough for now. Well done Zephyra, well done.”


THOMAS MANSION - SAME TIME

LOUNGE

VIC


I can feel her heartbreak, but Di needed to see and hear this; needed to build up her resolve once and for all. When the transformation of Mika to Zephyra was done, the one thing I did was make the waters round her magical. It wasn’t only to keep her alive, but also so that we could hear what was happening around her. The reinforced glass also works as a megaphone which amplifies the sound to us. Since I kept all of his characteristics as Mika intact when he transformed, and I do mean all, the now-christened Zephyra doesn’t whisper well. In fact, she does tend to mumble under her breath a lot and in this case it will work to our ultimate advantage. No matter how secretive and cunning she believes herself to be, we’ll always know what the niad is up to. And, as an added bonus, that ability to hear what is going on extends to anyone she interacts with as well. Unfortunately for her, but great for us, Calista is already beginning to view Zephyra as a confidant. What Calista doesn’t yet know is that not only is Zephyra an attention-whore, but she is also an emotional bully. She isn’t loyal to anyone but herself. And by giving her back her memories and emotions, especially her jealousy of Jules, this coupled with her relishing in his death means she has laid a trap, but has no idea how big.


“So we at least know what her next move is going to be. Tell Cynthia and Fagin to be prepared.”


“C-can you protect Kinnetic from her?” Byron is still a little shellshocked by the pure spite, malice, vindictiveness, and nastiness of his supposed best friend.


“No, but then we don’t need to. Remember we have Cyren for that!”


KINNETIC - MORNING, DAY 14

CYNTHIA


I fluff up my hair and smile as I see Calista coming into the reception. “May I help you?”


“Yes, I would like to see Byron.” She looks down the corridor and I know what she is doing. It is confirmed when her face falls.


“Sorry, but he’s not here, and he won’t be until the end of next week. Should I make an appointment for the week after that?”


“What? No! I need to see him today!” She snaps.


Oh I just bet you do… how does that ache feel? How you must yearn to feel all nine and a half, long, thick, hard inches stabbing into any orifice he wants, but not the one he craves… because he won’t fuck you, no matter if you are a man or a woman!


“What did you say?!” She snarls.


“I said that it would be impossible, as he is not in the state right now.”


“Where is he?!” She hisses and steps towards me, and as I step back, she smiles. “I said where is he?!” she asks again, raising her voice as if the shrill tone is supposed to intimidate me. Bitch, get a clue!


“I am not at liberty to say. But…”


“Listen very carefully, Cunt-thia. I will not be challenged by the likes of you! My father and I are going into partnership, and we will be approaching Byron with a view to joining him as co-CEOs of Thomas Electronics. Do you understand?”


“Yes.” I reply dully.


“Good, you little bitch. I could pick that tiny brain of yours to find out where Byron is, but I think watching him fire you for betraying his trust in business would be so much better. Don’t you think? I know that Byron is here in the city so I believe I am going to speak to Fagin to find out exactly where he is, and you’re going to let me, aren’t you?”


“Yes.” I nod.


“Good little bitch. Now get me some coffee!” I snarl as I head down the corridor.


CALISTA


After a couple of minutes, I start to frown. As I walk down the corridor, it seems to be a lot longer than I remember! I look around and the offices are the same. Oh well, they must have extended.


“Hey!” A voice calls, but I ignore it and finally find Fagin.


“There you are, you feeble minded cretin!” I snap.


“Nice to see you, too.” He replies, not looking up from his papers.


“Where is Byron?” I demand.


“Don’t know. You need to ask Cynthia, since she looks after his whereabouts. I am just the accountant.” I probe his mind and find him to be telling the truth. He knows nothing about Byron’s whereabouts.


“Oh for fuck sake!” I grumble and head back to find her.


“Hey!” The voice calls out again, and since I need to take my anger out on someone...


“What do you want, you simpleton?!” I whirl around.


“I was just wondering why you are walking up and down this alley, talking to the rats on your shoulders. How’d you get them to stay there like that?”


“Wh...aaaaahhhhhhhh!” I scream, as I look at my shoulder and see a rat! I don’t understand!


Oh I did enjoy that! You didn’t recuperate and replenish as much as you thought! And time’s a-wasting! Tick-tock-tick-tock… better hurry and find what you need... or you will start to purge!


“For fuck sake!” I scream as I realise that it has all been a dream… but from when?


“Calista!”


“Zephyra, how long have I been asleep?” I demand.


“No idea, but your constant screaming woke me up!”

 

I check the date and time on my phone and heave a sigh of relief. It’s still day 13, just… I still have time!

 

 

CHAPTER 14 - A NEW DAY...AND NEW MOON DAWNS by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Written by MissMerlot 

CHAPTER 14 - A NEW DAY...AND NEW MOON DAWNS

CALISTA’S ESTATE - LATE MORNING, DAY 14

BEDROOM

CALISTA


After a fitful night’s sleep, I get up and stagger towards the bathroom. Once I feel a bit more refreshed, I head downstairs. “Uh, Calista!” Zephyra cries out. “A little help please!”


I trudge back upstairs and collect her. “We have to do something about this. I am not carrying you around all the time.” I grumble and shake my head to clear my thoughts. “Tibi porto (carry yourself)!” I incant and let go. Immediately, she bounces down the stairs but doesn’t shatter. She rolls towards the lounge before coming to a stop. I take my time about picking her up and when I do, she is glowering at me. “Well that didn’t work!”


“No, it didn’t!” She snaps, rubbing her head. “A little warning next time would be nice so I can brace myself for impact!”


“Okay, let me try again.” I sigh, and hide my smirk at her outraged expression as she raises her hands. “Morbi sequere (float and follow).” I incant. As I move away, she rises from my hand and drifts after me.


“Oh, this is more like it!” She sits down at the bottom of her bowl and wherever I go, she follows.


“Perfect.” I sigh and head into the kitchen to make some coffee. As I sip in silence, I realise something. There is silence! I open the door and stare at Zephyra, who seems frozen in place. Her bowl is suspended in mid air, but neither her nor the water are moving. But as per usual, her mouth is wide open.


“Zephyra!” I call out and suddenly she moves.


“What are you shouting for?” She grumbles.


“You were very still and quiet.” I say and leave the door open so she floats in. “As a matter of interest, aren’t you hungry?”


She frowns and gives it some thought. “Actually, no…”


We aren’t you. When we transformed her, we took away her need to eat but not her need to feed and feel.


Get out of my fucking head!


Nope! The problem with all that power throbbing through you is that you leave yourself open for invasion. Oh by the way… tick-tock-tick-tock!


“Calista!” Zephyra shouts at me. “You okay? You zoned out.”


“Fine… I’m fine.” I reply and sigh.


“What?”


“I just feel so out of sorts right now. No matter though; all will be as it should be very soon. Now, about Byron... where does he live?”


“He has a 4th floor loft on Tremont.” She shakes her head.


“What?”


“Oh nothing. So are you going to go there, then?”


“Yes, I fully intend to be there waiting for him when he comes home.” I smile.


“Shame I can’t watch. He’s great in action.” She sighs.


“Oh, but you can. I wouldn’t know anything without you, so the least I can do is let you… he’s back. I can sense him! Finally!” I cry out and smile. “Our time is near! Come on. You can help me pick out a suitable fucking outfit!”


“Is he still sad about that twink?” She asks, maliciously.


“Oh yes, indeed.”


“Good. Now he knows how I felt watching him with every guy he fucked!”


“I thought you said they didn’t fuck.”


“They didn’t, but… I know Byron. He would’ve eventually.” She bitches out, her voice laced with vile bitterness. I like her more and more!


THOMAS ELECTRONICS - EARLY AFTERNOON

TRAINING ROOM

VIC


I have overheard something and had an idea, but Di’s annoyance brings me back to the matter at hand.


“Elvis, what is wrong with you?! That’s the third time you have missed a simple object. Concentrate!” Di orders.


“Sorry, Di!” He calls back and nails the object the next time.


For the next four hours, which is about 3 months in real time, they train and focus. I am very pleased.


BYRON’S LOFT - LATE EVENING

CALISTA


“You are right! He does have excellent taste!” I tell Zephyra as we look round his loft. “I do so like Italian furniture. This would be a very good base for us in town. Now let me see what we can…” I stop as I look around and notice...


“We can...?” Zephyra prompts.


“Does he have cats?” I back away from the bowls in disgust.


“Yeah. Two of the fleabags, even though he knows I’m allergic!”


“Well, they are going to be gone!” I declare, and she grins.


“They would make excellent gloves. One is black and the other is white; you could make the Cruella de Ville look work.” She chuckles.


“So what does he prefer to drink?” I head to the cart.


“Beam.” She replies, and I nod then take out a vial. I put a couple of drops in and she frowns.


“Just to make him a little compliant. And rampant!” I giggle and wink. “He will fuck me all night. And then I will reveal my true self and immobilise him. Then we can go home together!”


“So where am I going to be?” She asks, and I look round before heading to the bedroom. “Oh, put me up there. So I can see his face when you do!”


“Oh you are a little devil, aren’t you?” She grins back. “He’s on his way!” I crow, and head to the shower to get myself squeaky clean!


BYRON - AN HOUR LATER, OUTSIDE HIS LOFT


I am exhausted! All I want to do is sleep and then start all over again! As I enter, I know instinctively there is something wrong. “Who’s there?” I call out.


“The man of your dreams.” A very naked man comes out. “Don’t be mad at Fagin. I persuaded him to let me in.”


“Did you indeed? Well I shall be having words with him! Meanwhile, get dressed and get out!” I order.


“Can we at least share a drink? After that I’ll go, if you want. I promise.” He tells me.


“One drink.” I say, and I head to the cart and pour a glass each. By the second glass, I am feeling very tired. “Look, can you go now?”


“Why don’t you lie down? I will get dressed and leave.” He smiles and I get up, heading to the bedroom.


Two hours later, I am still pounding into the guy from behind! “Is this what you wanted?” I snarl, as I wrap his hair round my hand and jerk his head back.


“Yes! Yes!” He screams. “But can you…?”


“No! You wanted it! You get it my way!” I growl into his ear and pin him down.


EARLY DAWN THE NEXT DAY - DAY 15

CALISTA


Every part of me hurts, but in such a delicious way! But it was so worth it! I stretch and look across, but Byron is not there. I beckon Zephyra down. “So how was the show?”


“What show? I didn’t see a damn thing?!”


“What do you…” I hear Byron in the bathroom and I send her back up and wait for him to return.


He comes back in towelling his hair. When he takes the towel off his head, she glowers impatiently at me.


“Who the fuck are you?!” I scream and clutch the sheets to my body.


“I’m the woman that fucked you all night.” She retorts sniffily. “And now we’re done, so you can fuck off!”


“Now just a minute! I am…”


“Calista, also known as Ice-Tina. Yes, I know.”


“Y-you know?” I demand, hating the slight stammer. “Then you should know that…”


“Look Icy, sweetie. You wanted a thrill with the man of your dreams, so I gave you that. And now it’s time for you to get a clue. We’re done now, hun.”


Icy?! Once again, who the fuck are you?!” I demand.


“Alicia.” She replies. “I heard you were wanting something all cloak and dagger, so that’s what I gave you. And now you have really outstayed your welcome. So, uh… revertetur in terram suam (return home)! Both of you!”


CALISTA’S ESTATE - SECONDS LATER

BEDROOM

CALISTA


“Calista!” Zephyra shouts. “What the hell just happened?! Why are we back here?!”


“I don’t know! Let me think! Do not speak!” I order, and she sits in the bottom of the bowl, pouting. I’m coming to realize that is normal behavior for her. Too bad that particular personality trait wasn’t taken away with the advent of boobs. “Well, sulking beats speaking.” I mutter before heading to the bathroom, and with a smirk, I shut the door. “And frozen in time beats everything!” I chuckle and start to set the bath.


GUARDIAN HEADQUARTERS - AN HOUR LATER

NERVE CENTRE

VIC


I sit at the head of the table and smile. “Did you have fun?” I ask her.


“Not really. Juicy tits, but she’s really a loose goose. But hey, every itch needs to be scratched and I’m nothing, if not altruistic!” Alicia, AKA, Mysteria the Head of the East Region, chuckles. “I had to grow two dicks.” She manifests in front of me. “Want to tell me why, though?”


“I needed her to believe she was getting what she wanted.” I reply.


“So the time is coming?”


“Yes. Sadly, it is. She will purge and wreak havoc. Advise the rest of our allies to be prepared.”


“As you wish, Master.” She bows and slowly fades away.


CALISTA’S ESTATE - SAME TIME

BATHROOM

CALISTA


I open my eyes and look down at the water, as it fills with swirling blood. “What the fuck?!” I gasp.


And your purge begins.


NO! NO! NO!


ZEPHYRA


I can’t avoid the crystal clear images of Byron and that fucking creep, Jules! Not only is he not dead, but they’ve… they’ve been doing things! I watch, revolted as he is so tender and gentle with him. And when h-he cleaned him up while he slept and then spooned him… Oh, I would happily have gouged my eyes out rather than bear witness to that shit! If only I could fucking move, I would...! I thought that would be the end of it, until the next image assaulted my brain. They were laughing and joking while touching each other lovingly. When they held hands while he blew him and Byron screamed his name, I thought my head would explode! I can’t wait to tell Calista so she can send someone to finish the job off properly. That fucking twink’s continued life span ruins everything, my sanity included! And it will continue to do so as long as the blond bastard is fucking breathing!


Finally, the door opens and I’m at least able to float around my bowl again. She and I need to have words about her freezing me in time; it’s just not right! It fucking sucks to have my body immobile while my mind is still active. She needs to get her shit together and fast! Her treatment of me is just plain unacceptable! I’m preparing to tell her exactly that, but instead of summoning me to her side, she rushes downstairs and then back up again before flinging herself, wailing, onto the bed. When I finally stop spinning in the air, I’m so tempted to tell her to shut the fuck up, but I don’t relish the idea of being so cold again so soon. When she finally finishes caterwauling, I clear my throat. “So what happened?”


“I have begun my purge!” She snaps. “That’s what’s happened!”


“And your purge is...?” I ask, already feeling like I know the answer.


“My period, you idiot!” She screeches.


“Lovely.” I retort. “If you want to feel better you can always send someone to the Thomas Mansion and finish off the job that Cylo thought he had done. Jules is still alive.” There, that ought to bring her back into focus. He seems to be the only obstacle to her, and therefore me, getting what we want. There’s just something about that fucking kid…!


“Why the hell would I do that?!” She snaps, hunting in drawers.


“Because him being alive is not what you want?” I reply.


“What the fuck is wrong with you?” She snarls.


“What do you mean what is wrong with me? I swear this purge business is making you completely irrational! Glad I don’t have to deal with it. Anyway, if you want Byron cowed, you have to…”


“You disgust me!” She screams and flounces out before rushing back to shut the door, once again, leaving me immobile. SHIT! FUCK! DAMN!


CALISTA


Of all the things I expected him… I mean her to come out with while I am so devastated, saying that I should allow Cylo and Igor to fuck on Jules’s grave was not it! Well she’ll remain frozen until I can figure out what I can do to stop this fucking travesty. The last thing I need right now are any more of her ignorant suggestions!

 

At that thought, all I can hear is the sinister bone-deep laughter inside my head. And while the cramps are trying to overtake me, the steady chant of Dried-up Bitch, can’t scratch that itch! is drumming a cadence and adding to my anger, humiliation, and despair at not being able to entrap Byron. UGH! FUCK OFF ALREADY! ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

 

CHAPTER 15 - MEET DOC AND BRAINS, A HISTORY LESSON AND TO THE RESCUE by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Written by MissMerlot 

CHAPTER 15 - MEET DOC AND BRAINS, A HISTORY LESSON AND TO THE RESCUE

GUARDIAN HQ - MID-MORNING, DAY 16

VIC


“Right, everyone take their seats quickly! You have to go back to your regularly-scheduled lives, but you need to meet Brains and Doc before that. So, this hulking gentleman is Brains, and he is, as his name suggests, the person who will help Halo with the weapons.”



“Hi everyone.” He smiles and I watch Elvis swallow hard and smirk at Di. Told you! I mentally gloat.


Shush! She yells back and I suppress an outward chuckle. Sis hates being bested, especially in matchmaking.


“And this is Doc.” The slighter man smiles shyly and quickly sits back down again. “He along with Di, will tend to any injuries that you may have. Di, it is time.” There are looks of confusion as she stands up.


“Para bellum!” She intones aloud, and there are gasps as she transforms into her battle persona.


“Wow, Di! You look… what’s your name?”


“Red the Magi.” She smiles ruefully. “Not the most original I grant you, but it serves its purpose well.” She settles back down in her seat. “The time for battle is coming soon, guys and gals. The Regional Heads are prepared and ready too, so what…”


“Ahem! If I could finish…?”


“Oh, sorry!” She has the grace to blush.


“So, the Regional Heads from the Four Realms have been made aware that her pregnancy plan has failed. You will meet them in due course, but there is more to come before our fight begins. Right now her purge… sorry, her period… has started…” I chuckle at the cringing going on. “Sorry boys; trust me, I’m just as grossed out, regardless of the centuries between us. Anyway, she is furious as she thought she had finally gotten what she wanted, when she was being fucked in your loft.”


“My loft?! How did… Mika!” Byron snarls. “Can’t he just…”


“No, and we need him to be the Mika he’s always been, because he’s our ears as I’ve said before. That know-it-all-but-knows-nothing mentality has a purpose to serve after all, even if it’s still annoying as hell. Same goes for that goldfish memory of his- err hers.”


“So just who was fucking her?” Faye asks. “Byron has been either training here or at the mansion for the last two nights, so it couldn’t have been him. Not even he’s that gifted!” She snickers.


“Oh, it was a friend of mine.” I smirk. “Like I said, she got what she wanted, but not the end result she craves. Now I will leave you to get to know Brains and Doc, that goes especially for Brains and Halo. And Brains, feel free to show them what you’ve come up with.”


“Fine, thank you Master Vic.”


BRAINS


I have to say that when I was chosen to help Halo hone his skills in weaponry, I was honoured! It is very rare to work with one so pure. “Right everyone, you have your martial arts skills, and some of you, Elvis and Faye, have your side weapons, but now for the others. And of course, there’s the matter of your swords to deal with. Byron, you already have yours. As for the rest of you, your swords have now been completed. I will also show each of you the other weapons that you can all call upon to use in battle alongside your mental powers. Like Elvis and Faye, these items are solely yours, and can only to be used by you. There are exceptions of course, but we’ll address those later. So Fagin, you have smoke bombs. Jules, you have nunchucks, at the behest of Halo. And finally Byron, you also have a whip.” As I speak, their side weapons materialise in front of them. Now you must go and practice with them.”


Guardian Headquarters and Training Room




Their swords - from the left, Faye, Jules, Byron, Fagin and Elvis


Other weaponry

Elvis’s throwing stars


Faye’s daggers


Jules’s nunchucks


Fagin’s smoke bombs


Byron’s Fire Whip


JULES


I look shyly at Byron, but he’s concentrating on his sword and whip. Ever since we did what we did, he’s kind of avoided me. I haven’t wanted to read him, especially in case I don’t like what I find out.


“You could just ask him, you know.” Des nudges me as we head to the training room.


“No. This is about all of rejection I can handle right now.”


“You are being an idiot! He’s not stopped looking at you.” She whispers harshly.


“No, he hasn’t been looking at me.” I assert. “Now, let’s train!”


THOMAS MANSION - LATE AFTERNOON

LOUNGE

JULES


I have the place to myself and am watching the TV from the kitchen. I ache a bit after today’s session. I kept hitting myself with the nunchucks so I have bruises up the back of my arms and some on my back. “I cannot wait to have a bath!” I sigh as I spread guac… guacamole on my sandwich of chicken, bacon and matoes… tomatoes! I take a huge bite. Oh yes, this is delicious.


“So why aren’t you talking to me?” Byron’s voice startles me as he comes through the door and turns off the TV. “Chew, then answer.” He orders quietly. I swallow quickly and he indicates the corner of my mouth. I lick it and he shakes his head before approaching me. “It’s still there, let me get it for you.” He takes up a napkin and wipes my mouth. “So, why have you stopped talking to or reading me?”


“Well, after we…”


“Got each off in the most delicious way, yes?”


“I didn’t know what to do, especially when we could’ve and you didn’t…”


“I was waiting for you.” I must have looked surprised. “Jules, you said yourself that I want to. Well, I was waiting for you to say that I could. I want… no I need your consent, because the last thing I want to do is to make you feel powerless in this.”


“Oh.” I feel the blush creeping up my neck, so I look down at his feet.


“Jules?” He chuckles as he wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer.


“Byron, could we? I mean, do you think you and I…?”


“Yes. Most definitely yes, but at the weekend. We’ll go to my loft where there will be nobody but us, okay?” I nod. “I mean it. Nobody but us!” He says louder, and I chuckle when I hear Di and Vic laughing, but giving their word. “Now finish up your sandwich, go have your bath and rest.”


“Okay.” I reply shyly, stepping out of his arms. I pick up my plate, but then step back and give him a kiss that he deepens. I can feel his resolve weakening so I pull back with a grin.


“Don’t get so cocky. Your resolve started to slip first. Now go!” He shoves me towards the sofa and heads back down to the tunnel to go his loft. I wait to feel him leave and then dance around the room!


Stop dancing and eat your sandwich!


Shit! I blush to the soles of my feet!


THE UNDERGROUND - LATE AFTERNOON, DAY 17

SLITHERER


“Seriously, why is this fucking mouthy niad here?!” I demand of Calista, who seems to be in a much better mood.


“She provides invaluable intel on the whereabouts of Byron. You and Mandible will bring him to me this evening. Make it perfectly clear that it’s not an optional invitation, but do not harm him too much. I need him to be in working condition, especially that part of him. You will go to his place of residence.” She hands me the address and I nod.


The niad sticks out her tongue and I want to take a hammer to her bowl. “It’s unbreakable…” Calista chuckles. “...I already dropped her down the stairs!”


“So what time does he normally finish work?” I ask the water-bitch, but she affects boredom and turns her back on me. I gesture at her to Calista in fury.


“Zephyra, stop this now! Tell Slitherer what he wants to know.”


“No! I don’t like the way he…”


“About seven.” Mandible sighs crossly. “Oh, now that’s an idea! It’s not as if you are ever going to use it again. Before we go to pick up her prize, let’s go to his, sorry her, place and get her car. Saves cab fare.”


“How the hell do you know about that?!” She demands, whirling round before narrowing her eyes at Calista. “Did you tell him?”


“No. He read your thoughts.” She replies, scowling at her. “Obviously.”


“He can do that? I thought only witches could do that!” She looks dumbstruck.


“Of course, he can. He can also misdirect and compel.” Then she frowns while I glower at Mandible, who smirks at me. “So what was your power before they took them away?”


“What are you talking about?” She looks at us blankly.


“You mean, you still have them but can’t use them because of what you’re floating in?” Mandible asks. “What the fuck did you do?”


“What the fuck are you talking about?!!” She screams at him and stamps her foot before shooting him a niad death glare, which just makes her look like she’s bugeyed! “I have no idea what power you are talking about. As for what I supposedly did, I was merely laying down the law concerning Byron to the bitch, who is my birth mother. Everything regarding him should always go through me as his best friend. And as the man and head of the LS family, I expected to be obeyed unquestionably.”


I snicker while Mandible nudges me and chuckles. “Well that explains why you were turned into a girl. I suppose your voice and inherent bitchiness, as if you are always on the rag, were the other reasons, but do go on.” He tells her.


She rolls her eyes at me. “Anyway, she and I began to argue, which I was a bit surprised at, since she’s usually cowed so easily, or if not sufficiently cowered, then apt to give me my way to shut me up. Instead, the angrier I became, the more I started to change into this! Then someone purporting to be my mother, and my Uncle Vic blathered some shit about sending me to my true family. I believe I have already explained that much to you, you double jawed, cloth-eared idiot!”


“What a nasty mouth you have on you!” Mandible sneers before regarding her carefully and then starts to laugh, out of both jaws, which is a little disturbing! “Too bad there’s no longer a better use for that sharp tongue of yours. Five words for you: Suck dick more, speak less, you asexual cretin!” He laughs louder and longer this time at the outraged look on Zephyra’s face.


“Stop laughing Mandible and tell me what you have found out!” Calista orders.


“Nothing. But she said that she was a man before...”


“So?” I prompt, wanting to hear something to shut this little madam up!


“So now that he’s a she… well I’m going to assume that since she has tits, she’ll have that other part, and all that goes with it. And nowhere else for it to go!” He starts to laugh again and this time I join in.


“You mean, I’m going to… to… in here?!”


“Yep!” He guffaws. “I think seclusion during that time is called for. Hearing your bitching is bad enough, without actually seeing why!”


“Just a second,” Gaol interjects. “Can’t you even read minds or anything? I mean that’s basic stuff.”


“Calista?”


“Quiet! He has a point. Are you saying you didn’t have your powers gifted?” She asks her, and again a blank look. “So where are they? If they weren’t gifted then they had to have been transferred to another person.”


“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! POWERS? GIFTING? WHAT IS THIS SHIT?!”


“You really don’t know, do you?” Gaol asks. “Everyone is magi, and born under an element, like fire, air, earth, wind, water, mist, light and very rarely, pure metal. Normally, you are born with any combination of the seven main elements. The most powerful, elemental of magis are those who are purebreds, meaning they come from two parents of the same element. But generally, they don’t survive as the power is too strong. So what was your mother?”


Again the blank look.


“Okay, there is a registry where every birth has to be registered. What’s your mother’s name?” Gaol looks at Mandible to do this part, as his now clawed hands can’t handle a laptop or his precious violin.


“Di Gilbert. But there must be hundreds of thousands of…”


“Jeez, did they teach you nothing? No, there will not be hundreds of thousands; there will only be one. You cannot have the same name as someone else. Ah, there she is. Di Gilbert, had a son named Mika Gilbert, and she’s part air and part water, as are you. Explains the bowl. As for your father oh… he’s not named, but was listed as again, air and water. And your powers were not gifted at the request of the mother. Instead the uncle transferred them, but the transferee is unknown, or more precisely, hidden.”


She’s going to throw a bitch fit, if the mutinous look on her face is anything to go by. We don’t have to wait long... “She took away my powers! They were fucking mine and…!”


“You knew nothing about them!” Mandible points out. “So why are you bitching about something that you never knew about, that you don’t have, and that you will never have?”


“Again, they were mine!” She yells. “They had no right to take them away from me! I have...”


“Yes, they did.” Gaol interrupts, rolling his eyes. “That’s the gifted part you seem to have forgotten as fast as we mentioned it to you. They have to give them to you, but only if they feel that you are deserving and worthy. Clearly they thought otherwise.” He smirks.


She folds her arms and then frowns. “Can you at least tell me what they would’ve been?”


“No. Once they’re transferred, they’re gone, as is the record of what they were. The only person who can tell you is your parent.”


She turns to Calista. “So your parents…”


“Didn’t gift me my first lot of powers; I took them from my sister, who was being endowed. They were very proud of me for managing to do it, but then I couldn’t use them until my actual powers came in. That was so fucking annoying! But enough history now... you boys have a package to collect!”


ZEPHYRA’S GARAGE - EARLY EVENING

MANDIBLE


Slitherer and I exchange looks and then look at the car again. “Seriously, we can still take a cab.” Slitherer calls from the corner of the garage. “That has got to be the most hideous car I have ever seen!”


“Come on, let’s just go!” I sigh and once I find the key in the wheel hub, I just wonder if the guy was also a virgin! Naivete is one thing, but people probably thought his stupidity was contagious. I know I constantly felt my IQ drop just reading the thoughts in that messy mind. It was like swimming through a swamp, unless you caught the very first beginning of the thought and followed it. Anyway, it doesn’t take us long to get to the loft and as we wait for our prey to arrive, Slitherer turns to me.


“You’ve had powers all this time and said nothing?”


“If you wanted to know, you should’ve asked.” I retort.


“Have you ever…”


“Yep, why do you think you didn’t kill his family?”


“He would never have found out!”


“He would, because Gaol would’ve told him…”


“Why would he have told him?!” He looks indignant.


“Because you are a braggart and would’ve told him. And because of his hatred of anyone that gets between you and him, he would’ve told him. It still would have ended the way it did, but with you getting the fuck you wanted.” I turn to face him. “You and the mouthy niad have a lot more in common than you think!”


“Let’s not speak unless we have to, eh?” He sneers and glares out of the window, highly insulted!


An an hour later, our prey drives up in a sweet fuckmobile. “We are going back in that and burning this!” I tell him as we get out and head to the garage.


BYRON



As I lock up the car, I immediately sense danger, and pause. “Can I help you…” I trail off in the face of whatever the hell they are! “Two.”


“Give me the keys and get in the backseat. We’re taking you to Calista.” The two jawed guy tells me.


“No, no, and hell no.” I reply, and then I spot something out of the corner of my eye... something gold and flickering.


“I love the way he thinks that we asked and are giving him a choice. She wants you and she’s getting…” He stops talking when we all hear a low rumble. “What was that?” Someone in the darkness asks.


“No idea, let’s just go!” Two jaws takes out a knife and indicates that I should get back in the car, but again, I shake my head. “Okay. She said that we had to get you there, but as long as you aren’t…” Again the low rumble, but then there’s the clatter of metal hitting the ground. “Slitherer, stop fucking about!” He shouts out.


“I’m not and I’m here next to you, you pain in the ass!” He steps out of the shadows beside him. So this is the guy that killed Jules and Des? Well him, I want a word with! “Mandible, just immobilise him and let’s get out of… is that a fucking TIGER?!”


“Yeah, I have a tiger in my garage that pro…” I begin to snark, but there’s something about the looks on their faces and the fact that they are backing away, that gives me pause. So I turn around and sure enough, there is a tiger behind me, but I’m not afraid. I know this angry puss cat, but it can’t be! By the time I turn back to them, they are running towards Mika’s ugly ass car with another tiger on their tails.





 





“Come here, you.” I call out to the tiger and with one more growl and a huff, she pads over to me. “And you, monster, you come here too, when you’re done.” I smile. “So that’s what you look like when you’re battle ready, is it?” I reach over to stroke Fizz’s face and get an elbow to hand lick in greeting, but Pop is still watching the two goons she sent, who are just sitting in the car and staring at us. I stand up and turn to face Mandible and Slitherer. “Bye now.” I flick my hand and the car races down the street, with them screaming in terror. I chuckle in humor and surprise. “Did I just do that?!”


Yes, you did and he sent them. The melding is almost complete. Your powers are becoming one! And you have my word that nobody… and I do mean NOBODY… will interfere with whatever you have planned for this weekend, but there’s just one thing that you need to know before then. That tear his mother blew in your face, it protects the two of you against each other...


“So?”


Seriously?! And you call yourself a Stud? Don’t be a dud, Byron! Let’s leave that to Mika, or should I say Zephyra. Think!


“What…? You mean I don’t have to use a…?”


Correct, you don’t need them with him. Ever. Now get inside!


“Night Vic.”


Night Byron. And remember your promise to her.

 

“I do and I will be.”

 

 

 

End Notes:

 

 

Chapter 16: High Speed Revenge and Completion by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

Written by MissMerlot 

CHAPTER 16 - HIGH SPEED REVENGE AND COMPLETION

ZEPHYRA’S CAR

SLITHERER


“For fuck sake, make it stop!” I scream as we hurtle down the road, coming perilously close to crashing but not quite.


“What the fuck do you think I am trying to do?!” He spits back, frantically stamping on the brakes before yanking the keys out of the ignition. But still, the car keeps going! As we come to an intersection, the lights change to red.


“Red light! RED FUCKING LIGHT!”


“Don’t tell me! Tell the fucking car!” He shouts back, and we watch as two truck cross in front of us and we brace for impact, but we find ourselves on the other side of the junction still hurtling down the road!


“I’m going to fucking throw up!” Mandible screams out of his side jaw.


“Not on me!” I yell and then I clamp my hand over my mouth and his side jaw, while he wrestles with the steering wheel. We start to go faster and faster before we crash, spinning through the gates in front of the Underground. As we turn over and over, I feel a stabbing pain as my knife slices into my stomach and side!


“Fuck! Ow! Ow! Shit! We’re going to die!” I scream.


Oh no, not yet you don’t! But this is a small taste of what Jules, Des, and Jules family had to suffer… but die you will! But the time for that has yet to be determined.


“Who are you?!” I yell.


Not yet… but know me, you will! Bye now!


The ringing laughter echoes around in my head as the car finally comes to a halt. The doors are flung open and we are thrown out. As I hear Mandible throwing up all over the other side of the car, I check myself over; there isn’t a mark on me!


“What on earth is going on?!” Calista shouts as she storms out with her shitty sidekick! “Oh for fuck sake, tell me that Byron is not still in there?!” She screams at us.


“No, he’s the one that did this!” Mandible snaps, and she steps back, looking horrified at the state of him. He’s covered in putrid vomit and pale as a ghost.


“What the fuck have you done to my precious car?!” Mouthy shouts, as he sees the vomit eating holes in his car.


“Bigger fucking picture!” Calista shouts at her. “Mandible, what do you mean he did this? How? Actually, go clean yourself up, first. You look and smell even more deplorable than you do on a regular basis. Slitherer, you start explaining!”


“We went to get Byron like you ordered. He refused to get in the car and we were going to force him, but then these two tigers arrived and…” I stutter and ramble before she interrupts me.


“Tigers?” They both echo before Mouthy rolls her eyes.


“Yes, motherfucking big ass tigers with fucking sharp teeth!” I say, before I take a calming breath before continuing. “Look, they seemed to know him. He wasn’t…”


“Bullshit! He doesn’t have tigers. He has two fleabags, completely against my wishes! Calista, they are making pathetic excuses for their failure to follow simple instructions. Most likely, they went joyriding instead! And in MY car! Is there anything you can do to fix this?” The look Calista gives her would have a sensible person shutting up but no, not her. “What? Well, can you or not?! Just because I can’t use it anymore, doesn’t mean I can’t have my things the way I WANT THEM!”


“Quiet, Zephyra!” She turns around as Mandible comes back out. “So these tigers of Byron’s, what did they do?”


“Just seemed to protect him. But then when we were back in the car, he just waved his hand at us and then we went flying down the road. It was so fucking scary; we couldn’t control the damn car! We had no brakes and no steering. Then we crashed through the gates, flipped and spiralled to a stop. Now, here we are.”


“Calista, you can’t seriously be buying this shit! Byron doesn’t have powers! He would’ve told me! After all, I AM his best friend! He knows better than to keep any secrets from me! I made his life hell when he’s tried that shit in the past.” She whines.


“And then there was the voice, it kept taunting me as we spun.” I continued.


“Voices, is it now? For fuck sa…” the mouthy niad sneers.


“SILENCE OR I WILL FREEZE YOU!” She bellows at the bowl. Immediately, the water bitch goes quiet, sits down and glowers at us. Calista turns back to us after glaring at Zephyra to make sure she would be obeyed without further questioning. “So what voice was it? Male or female?”


“Male and he knew what had happened to Jules, Des, and his family.”


“Zephyra, you are wrong about Byron. He does have powers, but most probably didn’t use them in front of you. He was wise, in hindsight.”


“Yeah, but why use them now?” Mandible asks as he heads to the flamethrower with a malicious smile.


“He’s not. Well I don’t think he is, but he is definitely being protected by someone. Someone who’s very strong.” She shakes her head. “Okay, I believe you two. It’s too contrived not to be true! But no matter, we will simply retrieve him from Kinnetic. He’ll more likely not feel the need to have his guard cats by his side there. That’s where Byron’s natural arrogance will lead him astray for certain. However, all of this cannot be dealt with before this weekend. Now Zephyra, you must apologise to the two of them for calling them liars or...” Water witch-bitch shakes her head vehemently. “You really should’ve waited to hear the options first. Mandible, you have my permission!”


He clicks the lighter and ignites the thrower. Hearing her plaintive wails as her precious car ignited and burned almost made up for the ride from hell!


ZEPHYRA - AN HOUR LATER


I can’t believe she let them do that to me! As I watch them hose down the smouldering remains of my pride and joy, I seethe and vow revenge. It took me ages to get it just right!


“Here, saved you the claw. At least you can sit in it and wallow in your memories of what might have been with that hunk of junk you called a car. But I would wait till it cools a bit, if I were you. You don’t want your water to boil.” Jaw-boy snickers and I see Calista quickly suppress her smile.


“That wasn’t very nice!” I admonish them and she stares at me.


“In case you haven’t picked up on it, I’m not a particularly nice person, especially when I am being challenged or screeched at. Now stop pouting or…” she leans closer to me. “I shall tell them how to freeze you. Can you imagine, how much fun they would have with that?!”


BYRON’S LOFT - SAME TIME


I smile as Fizz stretches her bulk across the sofa and idly flicks her tail. She gives a little chuff. “This tin of food ain’t going to cut it, is it?” I get the tiger equivalent of a ‘what do you think?’ look and smile. “Okay, how about steak? That’s the least I can do after your heroics.” Pop clambers onto the window sill and rests her head in her paws. “Won’t be long.” As I grab my keys and jacket, I stop, head back to the kitchen and open the fridge. There are two large steaks and a mixed salad with chicken breast. “Thought of everything, didn’t you?” I smile and grab two large plates. “Come on, you two!” They are by me in a flash and I watch with morbid fascination as they make quick work of the food before padding to the bookcase. “At least you can’t say I’m pussy whipped… tiger whipped sounds so much better!” I laugh and follow them downstairs.


3RD FLOOR LOFT -  EARLY MORNING, DAY 18

BEDROOM

BYRON


I open my eyes and feel a heaviness on my chest. I look down fully expecting to see Fizz and Pop curled up on me like they normally are, but instead, I see a mop of blond hair.


He wouldn’t sleep. Like the first time he was in stasis, he just kept drifting. Both your belts are back on, for now. Wake him up and come to HQ after he eats. Fizz and Pop are already back here, in case you were wondering. And they were his idea.


“Okay.” I smile and kiss the top his head. He flings a leg over mine and snuggles closer. I pull his hair away from his face. “Jules, you have to wake up now. We’ve got to go to HQ, but first we must shower and eat.”


“Mmm. 5 more minutes.” He mutters, snuggling deeper and holding on tighter.


“No more minutes. Up, come on! Teeth and shower, then food. The beast in your stomach is already broadcasting its need for nourishment.”


“Byron!” He mumbles, rubbing his eyes. “You’re okay?”


“Yes. Thanks to you.” I stop and gaze at him. Even with the belt on, my desire to kiss him is so strong. I shake myself out of my reverie and order, “Now, come on.”


“Mmmkay.” He uncurls himself and allows me to lead him to the bathroom where he leans against me and slowly brushes his teeth with his eyes closed.


“Twat.”


THE UNDERGROUND - LATE MORNING

GAOL


I am looking at the registry records Mandible printed out for me to read up on Mika. I can’t believe how this fool got around unaided! I look at pictures of the comic book store that he owned and snicker. “Seriously, how old was this guy?” Again, I try to type on the computer as I want to look at it in color.


“Talking to yourself?” Mandible comes in and smiles at me. I can’t think of why he would. I’m this ugly thing as Slitherer keeps reminding me. “What are you doing? Need help with the keys?”


“Yeah, please. Just looking at Mika from before on the printouts you left for me. Thanks for that, by the way. Have you heard from Halo at all?”


“No, and I can’t even read him. You know what that means…”


“You really think he’s done himself in?” I frown. “He doesn’t seem like the type to do that.”


“Well, when you’ve had all of your family die in such a short time, it messes with your head.”


“Yeah, I guess.”


“So shall we have a look at the fabled Byron?”


“Why not?” I sigh. I have heard the mouthy niad banging on about how good looking he is, and Calista’s mooning and determination to have him has piqued my curiosity. “Have a seat.” I say, starting to get up.


“It’s okay, I can work around you.” He leans over and types in Byron’s name. All that comes up are the names of his parents and that he’s a pure fire magi. Also, it states that he was gifted his powers. But after noticing that, I am distracted by the fact that Mandible smells so good. “Well that doesn’t tell us much, does it?”


“Not really. I don’t understand why she is so fixated on him. Wait, what’s that? There’s a flag on him, but what does it mean?” He clicks on it and the next screen that comes up reads that he’s not only a purebred, but he is a pureheart, too. And he will only love one person. “Wow! You reckon she knows this?”


“Reckon I know what exactly?” Calista’s imperious tone surprises us.


“That Byron is a pureheart as well as a purebred…”


“Of course, he is! Byron is perfect.” Mouthy interjects. “So what does him being pureheart mean to us exactly?”


“Et absolutum eius amoris est, tantum in vero amore.” I retort.


“Which means?” She demands.


“His love is absolute and only for his true love.” I snark back, heartily sick of her snottiness.


“His true love would be his child, of course. But once I have him where he’s supposed to be, beginning with under me, it will all be fine.”


“Exactly!” Mouthy seconds emphatically, but there is something off with her tone.


“No, not exactly, as you say, Fishwater. He would protect his child, but he would die for his one true love. And they would die for him! And since you are both very much alive while he’s not here, it’s clear that it’s not either of you.” I rebuke her.


“Well nobody is going to die for you, Mr. Ugly!” She bitches, giggling. “Come on, Calista. Let’s leave these losers. We have things to… make him stop! Make him stop!” She screams as Mandible shakes her violently.


“Mandible, come on!” I put my han… claw on his arm and he stops. “Don’t let the feeble-minded, fishwater bitch get to you. She thrives on that!” It takes him a few minutes to stop glowering and clacking his side jaw, but he does let go. After clearing the history and shutting down the laptop, he holds the door open for me and we leave.


MANDIBLE


I watch Gaol go back to his room and could swear that his spine seems straighter! I head to my room to lie down on my bed and sigh. I search for Halo again and although it’s faint, I can feel him and know that he’s happy and safe. When I found out what she did, I was furious! He didn’t deserve that! Nobody does, and for no other reason than just because you wanted to test something the fuck out! I had been reading Cylo for days as he had been so agitated. And then when he told me what he thought he did, I couldn’t believe it! Fucking Calista and Cylo are cut from the same damn cloth; both selfish and self-serving! But now with the disappearance of Halo and possible knowledge that Cylo has killed them, whomever is protecting Byron Kent is coming for us. With one last look, I snip my tie to Halo. “Goodbye, my friend. Be well and live your life happy. Some of us will never get that chance.” And with a heavy heart, I close my eyes because the one thing I know about Halo is that if he has teamed up with whomever is protecting Byron, he will fight to the death to protect his friend. I feel sad that the friend is no longer me!


GUARDIAN HQ - SAME TIME

DES


“Hey, you okay?” I ask Halo. He looks lighter, as if he’s been freed from something.


“Yeah, I’m good.” He smiles. “Now, I’m really sorry. I just forgot, but here they are.” I hand her two boomerang discs. “I have coated each tip with your magi essence. It’s not live until you are in battle or protective mode. So what happens is that you materialise them from your wrists…”


“Materialise them?”


“Yeah!” He grins excitedly. “Imagine that I am a bad guy and I’m going to attack you… grrr… grrr… grrr!” I just stare at him. “Come on, work with me here!” Sighing, I pretend to be afraid. “You can do better than that!” He snaps and that tone pisses me off. “You getting mad, little lady?! Look at those iddy biddy little swords, I could snap them with a… HEY!” He yells as he hits the floor. I blink rapidly and find myself holding two of the boomerang stars between my index and middle fingers in full fighting stance. “Note to self, don’t piss off Des!” He grumbles, getting up and dusting himself down. “So what happens is when it connects with your enemies... remember that’s not me, it will turn them to stone and…”


“Really!” I squeal excitedly.


“And as long as they say and do nothing, they will be restored to normal as the essence wears off. But if they don’t do as you ask and you hit them again, then they turn to dust.” I just stare at him, incredulous. “Who are you thinking of?”


“You know who.” I whisper.


“Yeah, me too. The nunchucks that Jules has can freeze someone if the spikes get into their skin. Icy stone is very fragile… just saying!” He smirks and saunters off.


“God, he’s got a great ass!” I mutter to myself.


“I heard that, and thanks!” He shouts back.


“Fuck!”


THOMAS MANSION - MORNING, DAY 20

JULES’S ROOM


JULES


“Stop laughing!” I order. “I’ve never done it before so have no idea what to pack!”


“How about you just fucking relax and just remember who you are going to see later!” Des snickers. “You two are made for each other. Stop making a bigger deal of this than it needs to be! Just go and have some fun! Stop over fucking thinking everything!”


I slump on the bed. “But supposing I’m really rubbish?” I whisper. “He’ll never want to do it with me again.”


“Have you ever lied to me?” She demands.


“Um no, of course not!” I answer, not getting where she is going with this.


“So did you make him scream and beg you not to stop?”


“Yes.”


“Did he ask your permission to make love to you? Not do it to you, but make love to you? Because that’s what he wants to do!”


“I guess… ouch, no hitting! Yes, okay he did!”


“So, go ask him what you should pack for fuck sake!” She grouses, stomping to the door. “Or I could ask him for you…”


“I’m going! I’m going!” I yell and run to his room.


BYRON’S ROOM

BYRON


I wonder if those two twits know that their voices carry! I smile as I hear him sigh, but know he has to do this himself. When the door knocks, it is so timid that I want to laugh. “Come in.” I call out and the first thing I see is his hair. Then it disappears before he comes in all at once and almost falls over, followed by harsh whispering from Des. I have to bite my lip to stop from guffawing.


“Hi.” I chirrup.


“Hi. Ahem… um about this, um today. I was wondering ifitisstillonandwhatshouldIpack?!”


“Oh for fuck… in English, with spaces between words!” She snarks from the other side of the door.


“Des, could you go away please? I don’t think you’re helping!” I wait for her steps to recede and pat the space next to me on the bed. He sits down, suffused in the most adorable blush I have ever seen. “Jules, you know I want to, but if you aren’t comfortable then we won’t, okay?” I brush his cheek and he gives me a nervous smile. “Come here. Want to sleep for a bit?” He nods and I let my eyes flame and soon his breathing evens out. I roll him over onto his back, covering him with the blanket and then head to the loft.


3RD FLOOR LOFT - 2 HOURS LATER

JULES


I feel so much better! I open my eyes and stretch, then immediately realise that we are not in the mansion. We are in the loft. Oh my god, we’re in the loft!!!


“Breathe!” He laughs from the kitchen.


“Hush! And it’s rude to read someone without their permission.” I try to pout, but he just raises an eyebrow and smiles. “Whatcha doing?” I get out of bed and pad down to join him.


“Making lunch. Okay, let’s just get this out of the way so you can relax.” Before I know it I am swept into his arms and kissed thoroughly. “Better?”


“Uh huh.” I mumble as I lick my lips.


“Good. Now can you baste the ribs for me please? And test for salt.” I grin and reach for the mitts and take out the pork ribs.


“Oh wow, I love pork ribs! And they are the fatty ones! What’s the marinade?” I ask as I carefully baste them.


“Cherry cola and since they are the fatty ones, we have a salad and some garlic bread.”


I grab some foil and wrap the ribs up carefully before covering the pan with a tea towel and turning off the oven. And with a deep breath, I start to take off my clothes.


“Not here. Bedroom!” He orders and with a whoosh, we are on the bed and our mouths melded together. What feels like only ten minutes later, we are just staring at each other. “Please tell me…”


“I’m sure.”


BYRON


I didn’t think I could ever be so happy to hear those two words in my life. He has the prettiest pink lips that I have to nip and lick. His hair feels like silk and his eyes are violet and smouldering. “Golden green.” He murmurs as we just look at each other. “When you send me to sleep they go darker green, but right now they are golden green.”


“Jules, I need to do something, okay? Like what I did with my tongue, but with my fingers this time. It’s going to hurt a bit, but I will be as gentle as I can, okay?” He nods and spreads his legs. As I settle between them, something feels different, but right now I can’t think what it is. I watch his expression of wonder as I suck on my fingers to get them as wet as I can. “Can you get a pillow and put it under your butt for me?”


“There aren’t any pillows.” He whispers and I look up behind his head. Now I know what’s different. We aren’t in the loft… we’re floating above the city in a… I’m going to go with cloud, but it is soft and warm; the moon full, bright… beautiful, just as he is. I take a chance and gather some of the cloud under his hips to raise him slightly and he giggles. God, it is probably the most addictive sound I’ve ever heard. On any other man, I would try my best to make it stop, but with Jules, I hope it never does. “I can’t believe my first time is going to be in a cloud!”


Slowly, I stroke his burgeoning cock and then work my fingers into his quivering hole. His mouth opens and I pause, thinking he’s going to stop me, but he lets out a breathy oh and pulls me down to kiss him. I manage to work two fingers in and wait, then he starts to move his hips slowly, pulling my mouth off of his I nod in encouragement. “Oh! Oh, that fe-feels wonderful.” He moans, arching his neck. I lick the sweat that has gathered in the dip just beneath his Adam’s apple and slide in another finger. As he gives a soft cry, lightning cracks across the sky. Sliding my fingers in and out, his hole clenches them tightly. “So good!” He grabs my arm and I pause my thrusting, but not my stroking. He takes in lungfuls of air before grinning. “Sl-slower please.” He orders and I smile before I lean down to his pretty pink nipples and start to suckle gently. “Byron… Byron… now please, please now!” He pleads.


“Oh God Jules, you have no idea, none!” I pant as I gently withdraw my fingers, but keep slowly stroking his cock. “Put your…” I don’t get to finish the sentence before his legs wrap around my waist and my body moves of its own volition. It is like I am watching myself, but not controlling my actions and reactions. Honestly, I wouldn’t stop it even if I could! My cock finds its way unerringly to his entrance and slides straight in. I am balls deep in my heaven. “C-Christ!” I stammer, and like him, have to pause to breathe. Then I start to move and it is like we are liquid, just sliding and gliding over and under each other. As I thrust into him, it feels like he is doing the same to me. All I can hear is mewling and pleading, from who I don’t know and I don’t care! All I know is that we are both feeling good, so good! I grab his hair to try and ground myself because it feels so good. “Mine. Mine. Verus amor meus (my true love). Only you! Now! Cum with me now!” I roar.


“Meus es, sicut ego tibi!” He screams and the most intense, earth shattering, mind blowing orgasm I have ever had floods my body, but my main focus is Jules. As I hold him, he starts to buck. There’s no doubt that it has hit him hard. The air around us continues to light and crackle with each tremor that wracks his lithe body. “Oh God! Oh God! Wh… uh! Aaaaaah!” Somehow, I get onto my haunches and pull him close. It is like we are wrapped around each other... we are each other! And then as suddenly as that realization hits me, there is nothing... nothing but quiet and stillness while we’re still floating.


JULES


I don’t think I have any bones left in my body. I am a puddle of… whatever a puddle of post sex bliss is! I finally open my eyes and we’re back in the loft. I look up and Byron is still sleeping. Very gently, I move out of his embrace and brace for the pain that I had heard about. Yet, I feel nothing but goodness. I frown. “Maybe we didn’t…”


“Trust me, we did.” Byron laughs, and tugs on my suddenly longer hair as he wakes. “Come back here.”


“Were we above the loft in a cloud?”


“Yep.”


“So why didn’t it hurt?”


“Did you want it to?”


“No! But I’ve heard stories…”


“I was gentle, and then something happened, making it wonderful and blissful. By the way, what did you say?”


“But I…”


“No, just before you came, you said something.”


“Oh…” I duck my head down, but he makes me look at him. “You are mine as I am yours.”


And the melding is now complete!


“Vic!” We both shout indignantly.


What? I wasn’t watching; I gave you my word! Besides, it’s now Monday afternoon! Melding does take time, you know? Now your hearts and your powers are one, so as it has happened, the truth will be shown to them as well. You both will be able to watch the fallout from the ceiling in the third floor loft. Do not return to the fourth floor loft until I tell you. Byron, your things, those that are most important, are already there with you and Jules, including everything for your businesses. Slitherer and Zephyra are of the same mentality, and believe going to the fourth floor loft would be the easiest way to catch you unawares and then kill you. That goes for both of you and for different reasons. Calista’s plan for Byron has angered them both, so while one doesn’t want you to give her a child, the other is jealous enough to not want her to have you at all.


As for you Jules, we all know that you are strong enough to withstand their pathetic onslaughts, both mentally and physically, but rest assured they will try to menace you, especially Zephyra. Although the imp has no powers to speak of, she can still badger and whine them into submission to do her bidding, if only to shut her up. It’s her only weapon, and she’ll certainly use it on that weak-minded fool, who still lusts after you with every fiber of his dark being. So until such time as Zephyra is proven to be the liar she is and they no longer believe what she says about knowing ‘All Things Byron,’ stay out of there. Don’t worry too much guys, for it will be soon that they learn… the hard way!


In the meantime, use this opportunity to learn the new functions of your shared powers. Whereas you can’t start a fire, Jules, you will be able to direct where it goes. You’re already able to regulate its temperature because you’re pure air. Byron, you won’t be able to direct the wind, but you will be able to use it to feed your fire, therefore upping the heat factor to create Supernovas or creating ice-balls. Each of you also have the power to extinguish the other to prevent you from going too far. It’s one thing to fight evil; another thing to become evil personified. As for their Boss-bitch, the time of rapprochement is upon us... Ice-Tina won’t accept this, but at least the Gods will know we tried.

End Notes:

So this is the end of Volume I of Rage Unleahsed. Volume II will follow.

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1160