A Valentine for Justin by mandagrammy
Summary:

This story is a gap filler for the end of Episode 12 of Season 5 to the beginning of Episode 13.  Justin has accepted Brian's proposal and Brian wants to show his appreciation by treating his fiance' to a Valentine's Day he will never forget.  Many thanks to Eka for the lovely banner and Pat for her great help as my beta.  Comments are always welcome.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor
Tags: M/M, Valentine's Day
Genres: Gap-Filler, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2384 Read: 742 Published: Feb 24, 2018 Updated: Feb 24, 2018
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by mandagrammy

Chapter 1 by mandagrammy

Justin had said yes! Brian still couldn't quite believe it. Even after all the shit he'd thrown at the young man for so long...trying so hard to convince the beautiful blond that he only wanted excellent sex and a partnership with him, but definitely not 'love'. Just thinking about that moment when he had said yes made Brian feel things that he had forced down for so many years. He felt such a strong desire to be totally connected to another soul. It wasn't a physical connection...Lord knows he'd had plenty of those...it was something much stronger. He wanted to be connected forever to Justin's heart and mind. He had become wordless with the strength of his feelings. Poor Justin had been so indoctrinated by Brian's previous bullshit that he had momentarily thought that Brian was having second thoughts. No way was he doing that. Now his only problem was wiping away the years of crap he'd thrown at his lover and make him know, one hundred percent, that he had changed for Justin.

The invitations to the wedding had been sent out and they had both had a really good time enjoying the responses from the 'family'. Their favorite came when Em told them that Debbie questioned whether Brian had 'knocked up' Sunshine. "Just what a straight woman would think of," Brian had said to the guys , jokingly. They had worked on some of the wedding details already, but Brian still felt that he hadn't done enough yet to show Justin how strong his love really was for the blue eyed blond beauty. Finally a light bulb went off overhead and Brian realized what date it was....February 5th. Valentines day was barely over a week away.

Brian had never bothered with February 14th in his entire life. He had even made fun of the practice of exchanging valentines at school with classmates. He had gone so far as to refuse to exchange them with Mikey, even when the born romantic had given Brian elaborate ones filled with gushy words and sentiments. Just another way for the card companies to make a fortune, he had told anyone who would listen. But a simple card, no matter how gooey or sweet it was, would never be enough for his Justin. This had to be done right. Come hell or high water, he had to make Justin know that he would be Brian's one and only from now on.

He also got to thinking about the New York review of Justin's art work that Lindsay had shown him, and how Justin had rejected the idea of trying New York City on for size. Brian hadn't argued with him, especially after the delightful way his lover quelled any more discussion, but he still felt that Justin was passing up too much of his future. Then he realized that he could kill two birds with one stone. He could give Justin a taste of New York City, since his brief visit as a young teen hardly counted, and show Justin how much he loved him at the same time. With that thought in mind, Brian made a beeline for his computer and began researching romantic things to do on GayTravels.com.

After an hour of research, Brian's plans were made, tickets bought, reservations made. A couple of items took some persuasion and called in favors, but three days had finally been set aside for what Brian had in mind. Now all he had to do was make arrangements for his office and he'd be ready to go. Now was the time when Brian thanked his lucky stars again that he had brought Teddy on board. The man had proven to be far more of an asset than he had ever expected him to be. He had not only proven to be a perfect employee, but a surprisingly good friend too.

Brian called the man up and explained his situation. Ted assured his boss that he would get right on rearranging his schedule so that Brian would be free and clear from the thirteenth to the fifteenth of the month. Everything was ready. Now all he had to do was wait for the big day.

**************************************************************

Justin had been enjoying this new-found Brian. The man was so attentive and loving. He never spent any time with anyone else anymore unless he was at work. Occasionally Justin felt a slight twinge of guilt that Brian might be missing his old self, on top of the fact that he also sometimes missed the cocky 'in your face' Brian. But who could resist a Brian that made him feel so important and loved? Certainly not Justin. Valentine's Day was only a couple of days away, and Justin decided that this might prove to be the best V Day of his life. He didn't need hearts and flowers. He had the only Valentine's gift that mattered to him, the open love of the only man he had ever wanted to be with. Justin went to bed that night with visions of forever after dancing in his beautiful blond head.

When he awoke, snuggled deeply in Brian's warm embrace, he turned to see that Brian was awake too and gazing lovingly into his eyes.

"Morning, Sunshine," Brian whispered into his lovers adored face.

"Morning," Justin responded, leaning in to give Brian a gentle kiss on the lips.

It was then that Justin saw the clock on the night stand. It was at least an hour after their usual time to rise on a working day.

"Brian, the alarm must not have gone off. You're running late," he announced loudly, rising to pull the covers off Brian.

Brian grabbed the cover and pulled it back over them, grinning up at his confused lover. He pulled Justin back to him and snuggled up against the surprised young man.

"The alarm didn't go off cause I reset it. We don't have to be at the airport until nearly noon."

Justin may have been a really smart young man, but it took him several minutes to realize what Brian had just said. When he did, he pulled away from Brian's embrace and turned to look into his lover's amused face.

"Airport! What airport? What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about our little three day vacation. I'm talking about taking my fiance to New York City for Valentines to celebrate our upcoming nuptials. I'm talking about making love to that gorgeous body of yours all over the most exciting city in the world. Any more questions?" Brian grinned like a little boy who had just made his first home run and was announcing it to his proud Papa.

Justin stared at Brian. He couldn't believe his ears. In the nearly five years he'd known Brian he had never been able to take a vacation with the man. They had come close several times, but never managed to succeed in getting away. He did spend one partial day with Brian in New York City once, but it could hardly be called a vacation...more like a rescue than anything else. This time Brian was talking romance in the Big City and Justin began to tear up just thinking about it.

"Well, say something. Do you want to go to the Big Apple with your future hubby or not?"

Justin hesitated. He smelled a trap. Brian had said no more about Justin's possibilities for a career in New York City, but he wondered if this was the man's not so subtle way of getting him to change his mind and consider moving there. The look on Brian's face was so hopeful and endearing that he felt it would be too cruel to tell him no, although he believed it would be the smartest thing to do. Justin knew that he had the experience and skills necessary to ignore Brian if he brought up moving to New York during their holiday, so he threw caution to the wind and shook his head yes.

It was a good thing that their flight was still hours away. Justin wasn't waiting until they got to their destination to thank Brian properly for his Valentines surprise. A couple of hours later, the couple were standing in line waiting their turn for security check at the airport. The holiday was just beginning, but Justin would be on his guard. After all, the old Brian certainly didn't do romance.

********************************************

New York City was even better than Justin had dreamed it would be, but only because he was seeing the town with Brian beside him. The man had been a genius and made reservations at the same hotel that Justin had escaped to when running away from home over four years earlier. Luckily for both of them, Justin had well developed tastes even then and had stayed at a high quality hotel. That first night, they ordered room service and spent the entire evening reliving their make up session from the previous stay at the hotel. They had already done some sightseeing earlier in the day, but they were still no where near too exhausted to enjoy the evenings pleasures in every corner and spot of the suite Brian had reserved.

The next day was the 14th and Brian had everything planned out, with arrangements perfectly made by loyal friend, Teddy. After a relaxing brunch at a nearby 4 star restaurant, Brian gave their cabbie instructions to take them to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Justin's obvious delight at hearing this brought a huge smile to Brian's face. The rest of the afternoon was spent with Justin viewing all the magnificent works of art that he had heard and read about while Brian viewed him, marveling at his lovers enthusiasm over all the pieces and thinking how his Justin deserved to be displayed on those walls too.

Eventually it was time for them to move on to other things. Brian had made reservations in the Crystal Room at the Tavern on the Green, one of the finest restaurants in town. The boys went back to the hotel to freshen up, which consisted of one royally excellent coupling in the shower, and then caught a cab for the restaurant. The menu was a gourmet's delight, starting with Foie Gras Terrine, followed by Rack of Lamb in Red Wine Black Olive Sauce and Truffle Creme Fraiche Potato Puree and completed with a Meyer Lemon Tart covered with Red Berry Sauce that put the Liberty Diners Lemon Bars to shame.

The ambiance of the establishment was breathtaking with views of Central Park that thrilled Justin to his bones. The myriad of crystal chandeliers and mirrored walls with huge windows open to the magnificent surrounding views, made the couple feel as if they had stepped into the land of Oz. The vibrant atmosphere and impeccable service made their dining experience all the more romantic. Brian's comment that Justin was his Prince was even more believable to the young man as he sat with the King of his heart under the sparkling lights of the restaurant.

After dinner, the couple walked hand and hand through Central Park. There was an occasional look of disapproval thrown their way, but the lovers never noticed or cared. They were in a world built only for two. Eventually, Brian spotted a horse and carriage that was just being emptied of a giggling couple who were obviously in love. Brian approached the driver and requested her services. The middle aged lady with slightly graying hair and granny glasses shook her head no and Justin could see that Brian was working her, even from a slight distance. Brian's Irish charm was obviously working overtime because Justin could see a big grin start to spread over the lined face and her head started bobbing up and down. She climbed back up into the carriage and Brian turned and beckoned Justin to join him. In no time, the lovers were nestled close together in the crisp night air under a large blanket provided for them as they clip clopped down the road.

The men finally returned to the hotel, exhausted and happy. They stopped at the hotel bar for a nightcap and then headed for their room. When Justin entered ahead of Brian, he saw the bowl of strawberries next to a bowl of whipped cream and chilling champagne on the center table. Next to that was a large crystal vase filled with roses. Justin turned to look at Brian. Now he knew what that sudden mysterious phone call at the end of the carriage ride was all about.

"Wha...?" he began.

"For my Prince," was all Brian would say.

This time Justin couldn't hold back his tears. He threw his arms around his man and squeezed with all his might while planting a kiss on Brian that curled the brunet's toes. Strawberries, champagne, and flowers were temporarily forgotten as the lovers walked together, still in an embrace, to the bed and fell down on it. Soon the couple were stripped to their bare naked flesh and the couple had become a single unit once again. As Brian took possession of his beloved Justin, he cried out his joy at having this man as his own. The dam had burst as 'I love you, Justin's' poured from Brian several times over. As they indulged in berries, whipped cream, and champagne in the afterglow, Brian marveled at how fate had given him a real life worth living the day he spotted a really cute blond whose eyes both twinkled and smoldered under a street lamp on that fateful night almost five years ago.

Brian had another day in NYC to show Justin how much he loved him. He had tickets to an off Broadway play called Edward II and plans to sight-see a bit more, but nothing would ever compare with what they had tonight. Brian Kinney would never be able to look at Valentine's Day the same way again. No matter what happened in the future, he and Justin would always have this February 14th to look back on, and to know that they had a love that defied the odds and would last forever. That was enough for Brian. Nothing or no one would ever take that away from them.

The End

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1241