He's mine. by starlight
Summary:

This is from Deb Tanner's plot bunny, Lindsay leaves Pittsburgh after she lied to everyone saying Brian impregnated her the old fashioned way. She meets Justin, who she never figures out is weathy but still uses to take care of Gus for her. Leaving Gus with Justin after a year. He finds out the woman he knew never existed, and the child he loves is his when he's listed as the father on the birth certificate.

 

Lorie, as always you inspire me with all your cheers, and Deb thank you for coming up with interesting stories, and also writing ones I love too.


Categories: QAF US, Plot Bunnies Characters: Blake Wyzecki, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Craig Taylor, Cynthia, Daphne Chanders, Debbie Novotny, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Jennifer Taylor, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Molly Taylor, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Other Cast Regulars, Ted Schmidt
Tags: Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, What if...
Genres: Alternate Universe
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Ted/Blake
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 35 Completed: Yes Word count: 94943 Read: 223803 Published: Feb 25, 2018 Updated: Oct 16, 2018
Chapter 27 by starlight

Brian couldn’t help smiling at Craig waiting for him to get off the plane. After staying to get to know Cara and Craig, Brian, Justin, and Gus returned home. Cynthia, Brian, and Ted ended up running their asses off dealing with all the new business being in Chicago brought them. Justin stayed busy working on his animated series and planning the trip they would be going on after Cara gave birth to Justin’s little brother. All in all, Brian felt good in the last month. Craig and Jen did as they promised and made sure the Petersons stayed out of the adoption. With only a month to go, the specter of Lindsay still hung over them, only in the way that she’d been quiet since taking Craig’s offer. Reese kept an eye on Lindsay, but everything pointed to her enjoying her time in Miami, and trying to become a social butterfly. Brian asked again how much of this was supported through Craig, but apparently, Randolph’s lawyers offered Lindsay a bonus if she stayed away from Texas. That, and using her parent's connections got her into the social scene in Miami. Brian lived in the hope that Miami made her once again forget any ideas she had that she needed to fuck up Gus’s life. 

 

Michael was a whole other issue Brian didn’t bother with. He kept his promise when he told Michael they were through if he didn’t go to the rehab. Michael agreed until he was released, but balked at leaving the hospital. Deb didn’t know what to do, but for once didn’t call Brian, as promised. She wasn’t going to continue the cycle she started with Brian where Michael was concerned. Jen, understanding what it was like to lose a child, decided to help Deb figure out there was life afterward and introduced Deb to Cara. Brian really thought that was what had Craig looking ready to run when he came off the plane. Instead of adding more testosterone, Jen and Cara were trying to increase the estrogen in Craig’s life. 

 

“Smirk you bastard. You just wait until you have to sit in my house having them order you around.” Craig told Brian jokingly. Hugging him as if Brian was his only hope.

 

“What’s Justin doing?” Brian asked since Justin was staying with Craig.

 

“Using your child to shield himself, and when that doesn’t work he brings Emmett and Blake to rescue him. I practically begged to go clubbing with them the other night.” Craig told him.

 

Brian was ready to spend time with Justin and Gus and planned to tell Justin’s new friends that they partied alone. Justin hadn’t gotten upset when Brian needed to be in New York for two weeks to plan the dual campaigns and visited when Brian could get free. Brian knew his life had completely changed, because Justin not being there each night bothered him, not the fact that he didn’t go do the things he would have before he met Justin.

 

“I won’t be any help, Deb raised all of us to obey.” Brian joked, happy that Deb was seeing there was more to life than chasing after Michael.

 

At the house, Cara waved from a kitchen chair as Jen and Deb were making lunch. Brian waved back, looking for Justin. He found him in his father’s bedroom, packing a bag. Brian was confused but didn’t say anything as Justin hefted the bag onto his shoulder.

 

“What are you doing?” Brian asked.

 

“Trying to keep everyone calm for Cara. Do me a favor and distract everyone while I get this into my dad’s car.” Justin said, kissing Brian.

 

Brian got lost in kissing long enough to forget the question he was about to ask and didn’t think of it again until he was doing what Justin asked. It took Cara grabbing his hand, yanking him to sit next to her for him to figure out why Justin was doing what he was. 

 

“Are you?” Brian whispered.

 

“Yes. But I wanted to stay long enough to eat, so shut it.” Cara told him through gritted teeth.

 

“Sweety, it’s almost done, how are you doing?” Deb asked as Brian wondered who he was supposed to be distracting.

 

“Craig,” Jen whispered, wrapping her arms around Brian. 

 

“I promised Cara some manicotti before she dealt with being starved to death,” Deb told him.

 

“Why would Cara be starved to death? Since you’ve been visiting I’ve put on ten pounds.” Craig said, smiling at Deb.

 

“Honey, you’ll be happy when Cara has the baby. From what Jen and Cara tell me, cooking never made it into your skill set.” Deb told him.

 

“If you’d just agree to let me hire you it won’t have to be part of mine either.” Cara joked.

 

“You don’t hire your family,” Jen said, linking arms with Deb.

 

All was going well until Cara finished the last bite of her food. Craig was clueless. Brian figured out why none of them wanted Craig to know. When he realized what was going on he practically yanked Cara out of her chair trying to run her to the car. Brian managed to help get her in the car and promised to follow behind them to the hospital with the rest of the group. Justin called Emmett to let him know and told Brian in the car that Molly was staying behind with Gus until the baby was born before bringing him. Brian, having a vague idea about birth taking a while, didn’t see what the problem with having Gus there would be. He figured it out when they were in the waiting room and watched parents trying to entertain their kids while waiting for hours.

 

Justin sat with Craig, who had no problem with Jen and Deb helping Cara through the delivery. When Brian asked about it, he was told that apparently, blood was something Craig didn’t do well around. After the first hour went by, Brian went for coffee for them. The second hour Justin got up to check and told his father and Brian he’d be back with more coffee. Brian got up to go find Justin when it seemed to take him forever to get back. He had to wonder if pregnant women were Justin’s weakness when he saw him sitting with a woman who was pretty far along. It wasn’t until he got closer that he realized the woman was his sister, Claire. Then his only thought was getting Justin away from her. Brian didn’t want Justin to ever meet his family. Because he knew Justin had a soft heart, and Claire preyed on that weakness in people. Claire’s tears didn’t have any effect on Brian, but he knew them for what they were. He didn’t want her to realize who she was talking to, but there was no way to avoid it if he wanted to get Justin away from her.

 

“Justin,” Brian said not looking at Claire.

 

“Hey. Sorry about the coffee, but she looked upset.” Justin said, hoping Brian would understand.

 

“Let’s go,” Brian said abruptly, only looking at Claire dismissively.

 

“Do you two know each other?” Justin asked when he noticed Brian’s less than warm look when he turned it at the poor woman Justin had found crying.

 

“You could say that. And you could also say I wouldn’t be in this mess if it wasn’t for him.” Claire told Justin, scowling at Brian.

 

“What am I missing?” Justin said, getting up and going to Brian.

 

“Absolutely nothing,” Brian said, making Justin wonder where the cold-hearted asshole just came from.

 

“Wait. What do you mean Brian’s the reason?” Justin asked.

 

“He’s the reason everything in my life sucks. Right, brother dear?” Claire sneered at Brian.

 

“She’s your sister?” Justin asked, puzzled at how she could blame Brian for her problems.

 

“Not by choice, but then I didn’t have many when it came to being born a Kinney,” Brian told him.

 

“Let’s go,” Justin told him, not liking anything about the family that treated Brian the way he was treated.

 

“Don’t you want to know why this is Brian’s fault?” Clair taunted.

 

“No. Because from everything Brian’s told me about you and your mother, nothing you say is worth my time to listen to.” Justin told her, wanting to get Brian away from her.

 

“You might want to ask him why I’m pregnant,” Claire said, pointing to Brian.

 

“Because as usual, you wanted to trap some loser into supporting your ass,” Brian told her, turning his back on her.

 

“No. For once I wanted to help you and your REAL boyfriend. Not the idiot your romancing to get the other kid.” Claire yelled, stopping both Brian and Justin.

 

“Don’t let her get to you,” Justin told him, not wanting to let his sister hurt Brian.

 

“The only real anything in my life is Justin, and there’s only one person who would think otherwise. So whatever Michael told you, take it as his fairytale wishes.” Brian told her.

 

“Yes, do that. Because my son tends toward wishing his lies were the truth.” Deb told her, turning to Brian. “Boys, both of you need to go meet your brother,” Deb told them, waiting until they left to deal with Claire for Brian. “Leave him alone, he’s happy and finally has a reason to be happy,” Deb told her.

 

“Fuck him. I did this for him, and he still treats me like shit.” Claire told her, holding her stomach.

 

“What the hell are you talking about?” Deb asked.

 

“Michael wanted to give Brian what he wanted, Grandma.” Claire sneered at her.

 

“Again, what are you talking about?” Deb asked, not liking what she was starting to suspect.

 

“This baby. Michael said Brian wanted one but didn’t think I would do it for them.” She told Deb, sitting down.

 

Deb, wanting to figure this out to help Brian, not her son, adopted her caring mother persona for Claire. She knew sympathy was what Claire waited for in order to get what she wanted.

 

“I only want to help you, but you need to explain what my son told you,” Deb said holding Claire’s hand.

 

“I only wanted to show Brian that I love him. So when Michael came to me a year ago telling me Brian wanted a baby, one with Michael, I agreed to help Brian be happy like you said.” Claire said practically in tears. Not that Deb had any sympathy for her or the rest of the Kinney family.

 

“First thing. Yes, Brian wanted a baby, but he wanted the baby he lost when Lindsay didn’t take no for an answer. He has never, at any time, wanted Michael, or a baby with Michael. Second. If this is Michael’s child, then the only people responsible for this baby will be you and Michael. Brian won’t be helping in any way. Do we understand each other? I will not have Brian financing your life any more than he should anyone else's other than the family he’s making with Justin. Which I’m sure is what you and my son talked about happening. Not you wanting to make Brian happy. Trust me, nothing my son does is done to make Brian anything but miserable.” Deb told her.

 

“Then he shouldn’t have told Michael he wanted to be a father. Michael and I had an agreement, and Brian isn’t getting out of this because of the whore he’s fucking around with.” Claire told her.

 

“Justin is Brian’s life. So listen to me carefully when I say this again. That baby won’t have Brian opening his checkbook for you. He never wanted anything with Michael. And understand one more thing, if this child is Michael’s, you won’t be dealing with Brian, but with me.” Deb told her.

 

“From what Michael says you aren’t much of a mother, turning on him. If you want this thing, then be ready to do what I expected from Brian to get it.” Claire told her.

 

“What about Michael?” Deb asked.

 

“Michael said it was time for Brian to remember all the promises he made to him. I came here to make sure the whore doesn’t get any ideas. I honestly don’t care what any of you say, Brian will be taking care of this.” Claire told her, getting up to leave.

 

“How would Michael know we’d be here?” Deb asked.

 

“Brian calls him and tells him everything so Michael doesn’t get discouraged about Brian forcing himself to stay with the whore,” Claire said, looking behind Deb at Justin standing there. “I feel sorry for you. You fell for the shit my brother does to get what he wanted. Michael told me to tell you to ask why Brian wanted custody while leaving you without anything.” Claire smirked before walking away.

 

“Justin, don’t listen to her,” Deb said when Justin looked confused.

 

“I wasn’t. I know why Brian and I did what we did. Brian having custody wasn’t about Brian but about Gus. What I don’t get is why she hates Brian so much.” Justin told her, as they walked back.

 

“Because he didn’t end up a loser like the rest of them, and she resents him for it. She also hates that he’ll help his mother but not her. It’s greed, nothing more.” Deb told him.

 

“What about the baby? I know Brian didn’t ask Michael to do it, but still, who’s baby is it?” Justin asked her.

 

“If she’s telling the truth, it’s Michael’s,” Deb said, worried.

 

“Would you want her or Michael raising a baby?” Justin asked.

 

“No. But all I can do is be there to help when they both fail. God knows, Joan won’t be any help.” Deb told him, thinking about the enormity of what Michael’s done now.

 

“I know what your thinking, but you can’t,” Justin told her.

 

“It’s my grandchild,” Deb told him.

 

“WHAT?” Brian asked, overhearing her.

 

“Claire told me it’s Michael’s,” Deb told him.

 

“We’ll talk about this after. Today is about our family.” Brian told her, as Craig came in carrying the baby.

 

“Justin, meet your brother, Colin,” Craig said, handing the baby to Justin.

 

Brian let go of anything but celebrating the new life in front of them. When Gus and Molly came they were able to go meet the baby in Cara’s room. He put his arm around Deb as she beamed at the new life in the room. Brian knew she was worried about the one Michael carelessly made, not once thinking about what would happen when nothing he planned would be what he wanted.

 

 

 

 

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1243