Friend or Enemy by DramaQueen
Summary:

Justin and Brian never met on Liberty Avenue. Justin becomes a single father at the age of 19 and has to rely off his friends and family, meanwhile Brian fights in the battle of Lindsay wanting to play mother and Melanie wanting to play mistress. Brian, Michael, Ben, Emmett, Blake, Drew, and Ted also are dealing with the lose of Deb and Vic.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Blake Wyzecki, Brian Kinney, Chris Hobbs, Claire Kinney, Craig Taylor, Cynthia, Daphne Chanders, Drew Boyd, Emmett Honeycutt, Ethan Gold, Gus Marcus-Peterson, James 'Hunter' Montgomery, Jennifer Taylor, Joan Kinney, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Peter, Ted Schmidt
Tags: Anti-Ethan, Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Melanie, MPreg (Yup! Went THERE!)
Genres: None
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Emmett/Drew, Michael/Ben, Ted/Blake
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 5722 Read: 15385 Published: Apr 16, 2018 Updated: Mar 30, 2020

1. Chapter 1: What a Life to be living by DramaQueen

2. Chapter 2: Three Months Later by DramaQueen

3. Chapter 3: What is Going On? by DramaQueen

4. Chapter 4: A Turning Point by DramaQueen

5. Chapter 5: Meeting the Parents by DramaQueen

6. The Attempt by DramaQueen

Chapter 1: What a Life to be living by DramaQueen

 

Justin POV

 

 

 

My name is Justin Taylor. I am the only son and child of Jennifer and Craig Taylor. I was born with the male pregnancy gene and due to the fact that I am homosexual, that fact had to be known when I started showing. My good for nothing ex-boyfriend, Ethan, left me pregnant forcing me to come out to my parents. That was my greatest fear and I was scared of losing the only family that I had ever known. My parents and grandparents were surprisingly accepting of me and my pregnancy. My best friends, Daphne and Chris, were there to have my back if things didn’t work out with my family. We have been best friends since we were in diapers and were together when Chris came out to his parents and when Daphne was raped and pregnant at the age of 16. Daphne’s ex-boyfriend, Jordan, was killed in prison 3 years into his sentencing. I remember my last words said to him was “Don’t drop the soap, actually drop it so you can be someone’s bitch.” I know you are probably wondering why it matters who our family is, it’s because we are the only grandchildren of Cole Matthew, Jonathan Hobbs, and Adam Williams. They were born with silver spoons in their mouths and decided that they didn’t want their parents’ money and owns most of Texas, Pittsburgh, and New York. I had a son, Aaron Chris Taylor and Daphne had a son as well, Adam Justin Chandler. Chris is just waiting for his prince to come along. Together we own the biggest Graphic Design company. We moved out of Pittsburgh two years ago when I was pregnant and now it’s time to return home. Chris and I just bought two lofts in the building on Tremont Street.

 

 

 

Brian POV

 

 

 

My name is Brian Kinney. I rather not talk about my biological family; however, I do have a surrogate family. I have just got home from the hospital after having my son, Gus Aiden Kinney. I decided to do artificial insemination. I wanted a child because I didn’t want to be the only good Kinney around. My egg and sperm donor have already poisoned my nephews against me. I am waiting for my friends to show up for the welcoming of Gus. My surrogate mother and father will not make it. Debbie and Vic died two years ago in an unfortunate house fire. Around that time, I had just denied Lindsay and Melanie my sperm donation so that they could have a baby. They asked in front of everyone at Deb’s annual Sunday Dinner. Everyone was against it because we knew that they just wanted to use me for money. I decided to have Gus a few months later. I hear the loft door being unlocked and Gus starts crying. It is Michael and his husband, Ben with their son little James “Hunter” Montgomery. Due to Michael and Ben being unable to have kids of their own, they adopted Hunter when his mother tried to sell him to Ben when he was heading to work one day and stopped in the local bad neighborhood to donate to the homeless shelter as he does every other week. I am calming Gus down when Ted and Blake arrive. We are waiting Emmy Lou and Drew, so we can start. There is a knock on the door, which is weird considering Emmy has a key. I open the door and Emmy does not look happy.  I look behind Emmy to see why he is upset. I hand Gus to a pregnant Blake who is standing near a sleep deprived Michael Novotny. Emmy and Drew walk in and the two-uninvited guests attempt to follow them in. Lindsay is looking at Gus as if she would like to take him and runaway.

 

 

 

“What are you doing here Melanie and Lindsay?”

 

 

 

“We are here for our son. We thank you for carrying him for us. Lindsay go get Gus.”

 

 

 

“Melanie, take your girlfriend and leave. I am not giving you my son. You are not about to use him as a way to get my money or so that Lindsay can play scorned wife and you her mistress.”

 

 

 

“We will file for custody. You know that he should be raised inside a loving home.”

 

 

 

“You have no connection to him so the chances of you actually getting custody is slim to none-----”

 

“Hey, I would hate to interrupt your enlightening conversation, however I have a kid here who is trying to take a nap.”

 

 

 

“I apologize, they were just going. Your son is adorable by the way. I just had a son myself, so I understand how important nap time is. Leave Melanie and Lindsay and never come back or I will file for a restraining area.”

 

 

 

They leave but I know they will be back. I look at the man holding a child who is sleeping on his shoulder turn around to leave and I stop him.

 

“I apologize again, and I am Brian Kinney, your upstairs neighbor. I did not mean to wake your son.”

 

 

 

“I wish it was my blood that ran through this kid’s veins, but unfortunately only one of his parents are worthy of having him.”

 

 

 

I went to say something else when I hear someone coming up the elevator. When the door open, I see a young blond man walk to the door.

 

 

 

“Give me my kid.”

 

 

 

“Justin, I know your parents taught better manner than that.”

 

 

 

“Hello, I am Justin Taylor and this Christopher Hobbs. This my son, Aaron. Now give me back my kid, Chris. He needs to be fed.”

 

 

 

I watch as the baby goes from one set of arms to the next. It was a deepest pleasure of finding out that Justin’s ass is to die for and that these two men are not a couple. As I am thinking about of the things I would love to do that ass, their names are registering to me.

 

 

 

“Taylor, Hobbs, as in Taylor, Hobbs, Chandler Graphic Designs.”

 

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

“I am looking to sign your company to do their advertising----”

 

 

 

“We have a meeting with an Ad company called Kinnetik, however if we chose to go with a different company, give us your business card. Vanguard has been trying to set up a meeting, but they did Stockwell’s campaign so working with a homophobic company is not really in the plans.”

 

 

 

“Well, you do not need my card because-----”

 

 

 

“Brian, here is Gus. We all except Blake, are going to get the food from Em’s car.”

 

 

 

“Alright, hurry up before Gus decides he want to cry because he has not been fed. As I was saying before, I own Kinnetik.”

 

 

 

“Just because you are hot and have a cute kid won’t get you the job.”

 

 

 

“If I didn’t know any better, Justin, I would say you are flirting with me.”

 

 

 

“He is. I will take Aaron away from his daddy’s attempt to get laid in front of him.”

 

 

 

They say bye and start to walk away. Maybe I should invite them in so that I can get to know Justin better. I start to say something when a dark-skinned girl with a baby comes up the stair clearly confused or looking for someone. When her eyes land on Justin and Chris, she quickly approaches and hands the child off to Chris. Now I am confused as to who the couple is.

 

 

 

“There is no couple. We all like the same gender and Chris and Justin would kill each other if they dated.”

 

 

 

“Who is the baby that you just pawned off on Chris?”

 

 

 

“That is my son. My name is Daphne Chandler.”

 

 

 

“You three are going to be given the pitch of your lives, but first would you like to stay and eat? Oh shit, Deb would smack me in the head if she was here for forgetting my manners. This is my son Gus and I did not catch the name of your son’s name?”

 

 

 

“This is Adam and we would love to stay; however, we have dinner plans with grandpa and grandma. I just need to go change. My dad wants Chris to come as well so that he can set up one of the two of you. Considering Justin’s stubbornness, he is going to start with the easiest person which is Chris.”

 

 

 

“So, Aaron and I are alone for dinner. Well I guess we can order in------”

 

 

 

“You could always join my friends and I.”

 

 

 

“We would love to, thank you, Brian.”

 

 

Chapter 2: Three Months Later by DramaQueen

 

Chris, Daphne, Justin, Brian, and the rest of the gang has become very close over the last 3 months. Everyone was hanging out in Brian’s loft while the kids spent some time with Grandma Jennifer and Grandpa Craig. Jennifer and Craig were more than happy to adopt Gus and Hunter as their grandchildren. Brian hadn’t heard from Lindsay and Melanie in three months. They heard a knock on the door assuming it was Eric, Chris’ boyfriend. When Brian opened the door, it wasn’t Eric, but the police.

 

 

 

“How may we help you officers?”

 

 

 

“Are you Brian Kinney?”

 

 

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

 

 

“You are under arrest for the kidnapping of Gus Peterson Marcus and the blackmailing of Lindsay Peterson and Melanie Marcus.”

 

 

 

As Brian was being read his Miranda rights, Eric was walking up the sidewalk. When he saw Brian being loaded up into the back of a squad car, he knew something was wrong. I asked the cops which precinct they were taking him to. I see Michael standing there with a folder in his hand and he explains what Brian was arrested for. We pull up outside of the station and I tell them that I am Brian’s lawyer. Justin had just posted Brian’s bail because he had his emergency debit card in his pocket.

 

 

 

“Which of you are the arresting officers?”

 

 

 

“We are. Why?”

 

 

 

“Why did you arrest my client without evidence of these charges?”

 

 

 

“Those two women over there said that he kidnapped their son when they were in the park and has been blackmailing them for 3 months if they went to the police.”

 

 

 

“This is the birth certificate of Gus Kinney. Not Peterson Marcus.”

 

 

 

“Brian is the biological father, but I am Gus’s------”

 

 

 

“Nothing. It says here that Mr. Kinney has the male pregnancy gene and went through an artificial insemination. Donor 587846829567. You made a false report regarding a kidnapping and blackmailing. Those are illegal offenses.”

 

 

 

They said that they would reimburse Justin for the bail money that was paid on Brian’s behalf. As they were walking out of the police station, Daphne, Chris, and Justin had the same thought going through their head, is Gus Justin’s son.

Chapter 3: What is Going On? by DramaQueen

 

Justin POV

 

We were driving back to our lofts with the kids in the backseat and my brain was not slowing down. The others had stayed at the loft with the kids while Michael and Eric rushed to the police station. I followed behind them. When they finally free Brian, Eric and Michael left to inform the others what happened while I waited for the kids. Chris and Daphne had to meet their parents for something they would not tell me about. I didn’t not question it as much as I would have, but I had other things on my mind. I need to know if Gus is my son.

 

“Justin, what has you thinking so hard?”

 

“When I was 18, I thought Chris and I decided it would be a good idea to donate our sperm. I went through with it, but Chris got sick and couldn’t do it. After he got well, he decided he did not want to do it. I paid the nurse to put the numbers as my name-----”

 

“Justin, what does this have to do with anything?”

 

“Gus could possibility be my child.”

 

“How do you know what number was used and why does it matter? Gus is my child and I will not give him up.”

 

“I want to be involved. The cop told us when he was ripping a new one into the girls. Brian, we just started a relationship, we can continue to go slow-----”

 

“What if we break up? I will fight for Gus.”

 

“Brian.”

 

He did not say anything else. I picked Aaron up and left after he kicked me and everyone else out of the loft. I want him to know I would fight for our relationship and hopefully he and I can raise Gus and Aaron together. I will try and talk to him tomorrow when he has calmed down.

 

 

 

Brian POV

 

I may have overreacted in the worse way. I don’t want to share Gus with someone who might not be around forever. I see a future with Justin, but I don’t want to become my parents. I cuddled close to Gus and fell asleep after vowing to speak with Justin tomorrow.

 

 

 

John POV

 

I hear a knock on our door and my mother drunkenly opens the door. I see that it is the two women who were around my Uncle Brian when Peter and I secretly went to see him three months ago. What are they doing here? I listen closely without being seen.

 

“Lindsay and Melanie, what the fuck are you doing here?”

 

“Claire, we need a favor from you.”

 

“If you are looking for money, you came to the wrong Kinney. You are looking for Brian.”

 

“We don’t want that asshole. We want Gus.”

 

“Who the fuck is Gus?”

 

“Gus is his son and we want him for ourselves. We need you to find someone to kidnap to kidnap him for us.”

 

“Sure. Anything to get back at my asshole of a brother.”

 

I recorded the whole thing. Lindsay did most of the talking. After they left, I packed a bag for Peter and me. I woke Peter up and we walked all the way to his loft. He had given us a key and code when we needed to get away from our mother. He is not going to be happy with this recording.

Chapter 4: A Turning Point by DramaQueen
Author's Notes:

Sorry it has been a while since I updated.

 

Brian POV

 

 

 

During the night, I put Gus in his crib next to my bed. I sat up thinking about Justin and what happened tonight. Justin was not Lindsay and Melanie. He would not take Gus from me and use him as leverage and a way of getting money. His money makes mine look like pocket change. I was deep in thought when the door to the downstairs loft is being opened. There is nothing down there except John and Peter’s rooms for when they visit. They are the only ones besides me that has a key to that door. I get up and pick Gus up without waking him. When I get downstairs, I see John making sure Peter is asleep in his bed. When he is done, I finally ask,

 

“John? Are you alright? What are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

 

“Uncle Brian, can we go upstairs and talk? I don’t want to wake Peter.”

 

“Sure, let’s go.”

 

I put Gus back in his crib. John looks nervous about something.

 

“Uncle Brian, I have something that you need to hear.”

 

“What is it?”

 

 

 

He plays a recording on his phone. Mel and Lindsay are hitting dangerous territory. What the hell is wrong them? John should not have to deal with this.

 

 

 

“I will take care of this. Go to bed for right now and we will figure it out in the morning.”

 

“Okay. Good night, Uncle Brian.”

 

“Good night, John.”

 

 

 

We both go to bed. I need help and as much as I hate to go to Justin, his lawyers are most likely better than mine. I will talk to him tomorrow.

 

 

 

Justin POV

 

 

 

It is 2 o’clock in the morning and I can’t seem to fall asleep. I check on Aaron and then Chris and Eric. Daphne stayed at her parents’ house with Adam tonight because they are flying out to Florida to see a distant aunt or something like that. I hear a knock on my door. I run to the door thinking it is Brian. When I open the door, instead of my handsome boyfriend’s face, I am greeted by the last person I want to see.

 

“What the fuck are you doing here?”

 

“I miss you.”

 

“Yeah right. Try again.”

 

“I am being serious.”

 

“Ethan, seriously tell me what the fuck are you doing here?”

 

“I need to talk to you.”

 

“Wait here.”

 

“Can’t I at least come in?”

 

 

 

Before I could answer, someone else does.

 

 

 

Chris POV

 

I am walking out of the bathroom when I hear Justin talking to someone. I walk out to see that bastard that left Justin to take care of Aaron alone. The fucker has the audacity to ask,

 

“Can’t I at least come in?”  

 

“Sure, if you want to leave here in an ambulance?”

 

“This doesn’t involve you, Hobbs?”

 

“You are in my home, Gold.”

 

“Justin, please. I just want to talk.”

 

“Not here.”

 

“Why not here? I would love to see my child.”

 

“YOUR CHILD! YOUR CHILD! ETHAN YOU HAVE NOT BEEN HERE! I SAID NOT HERE.”

 

“LIKE HELL I WILL LET YOU NEAR MY GOD SON!”

 

“Hey, what the hell is going on here? You are going to wake Aaron.” Eric asks as he walks out of Justin’s room

 

“So, you named him Aaron, after I told you if we ever had a child together that Aaron would not be his name.”

 

“Eric, Chris, can you watch Aaron? Please. I will be back.”

 

“Try anything and I will Craig on your ass faster than you can play your stupid fiddle.”

 

 

 

Justin and the fiddler with the rat on his face walked out the door. I take a seat right on the couch and wait for Justin’s return.

 

 

 

“Chris, baby, what are you doing?”

 

“Waiting for Justin.”

 

“He is a grown man.”

 

“Ethan is Aaron’s father. He left Justin when he told him that he was pregnant.”

 

There is suddenly a knock on the door.

 

 

 

John POV

 

 

 

I hear shouting coming from across the hall and walk upstairs.

 

 

 

“Uncle Brian.” I whispered

 

“What’s wrong, John?”

 

“Can I go across the hall and ask the people quiet down?”

 

“Why would you need to tell them to quiet down?”

 

“They are being loud, and it is hard for me to sleep.”

 

“I will take care of it. Just go back to bed.”

 

 

 

Brian POV

 

I put on slippers and walk downstairs. The only people who live here are Justin, Chris, Daphne, and I. I knock on the door and Chris opens the door while motioning me to come in. Brian walks pass me and straight to Justin’s room. He walks back out and looks at me and Eric.

 

“My nephew heard yelling from over here. What is going on and where is Justin?”

 

“With his ex-boyfriend. He showed up and said he needed to talk to Justin.”

 

“I will be right back.”

 

I walked outside in enough time to see Justin smack who I would assume is his ex.

End Notes:

How did Ethan find Justin? What did he want to talk to him about that caused him to smack him? How will Brian react?

Chapter 5: Meeting the Parents by DramaQueen
Author's Notes:

Sorry it has been a while since the last update. I am going to try and update more often. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

 

Justin POV

 

I was standing outside with Ethan. I don’t understand why after all this time, he decides to show up again. He was talking and I was barely paying attention. I know Chris is being stopped from coming out here and beating Ethan’s ass.

 

“What did you want to talk about?”

 

“I want you and my child back.”

 

“It’s not going to happen. I am seeing someone and seems to adore Aaron. How the fuck did you find me anyway?”

 

“Does this someone know that you are a freak? Real men don’t get pregnant. Your Uncle David told me.” Ethan sneered

 

            Before I knew it, Ethan’s face and my hand had connected. I didn’t realize what had happened until Brian came up and wrapped his arms around my waist. I come out of my daze in time to see Ethan glaring at Brian and holding his face as if Brian had been the one that hit him. I have never been violent before.

 

“I am not a freak.”

 

“But you are, Justin. I don’t know who you are, but did you know that Justin can have children the natural way.”

 

“Yes, I am aware. That does not make him a freak. You might-----”

 

“ETHAN GOLD! WHAT PART OF STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY SON AND GRANDSON DON’T YOU GET? That restraining order was put in place for a reason.” My father says angry

 

“What restraining order?”

 

“Justin, did you ever wonder why Ethan left when he found out you were pregnant?” My mother asked soothingly

 

“He wasn’t ready to be a father, so he left. What’s the restraining order for?”

 

“It wasn’t that he wasn’t ready to be a father. He heard me on the phone with my homophobic brother. I was repeating everything he was saying, and Ethan missed the rest of the conversation. He heard me repeat disown Justin because he got pregnant and was an embarrassment to the family. He thought you had lost your trust fund, so he left. He seen that you opened a graphic design company with Chris and Daphne. 2 years ago, he showed up to the house saying that you and he had gotten back together, and your mother and I were disgraces for disowning you. He continued to rant about it and let it slip about needing to get access to your trust fund to pay back the loan sharks and how I ruined everything for not accepting you for the freak that you are. I filed a restraining order the next day to protect both you and Aaron. I hand delivered the orders myself after telling him to stay away. He didn’t listen, so these nice people have come to take you away. Stay away from them or else the police will be the least of your worries. I will bring out every skeleton in your closet, you won’t even be able to call your parents to get you out it. We have lawyers with connections. Heed my warning, Ethan.”

 

            The officers gave Ethan a choice on leaving on his own or leave by force. I turned into Brian warm embrace. Ethan walked away after looking at me and realizing that he was not going to get what he wanted from me. I hope he is gone for good. After hearing my father say that he spoke to my uncle when I was pregnant made sense now as to why he was emailing me two weeks later, telling me that I disgraced the Taylor name and should get an abortion. My uncle Ronald was a hateful and bitter, especially to me and my father. He was upset that my father married my mother and instead of just using her for money, he loved her and wanted a forever with her. He hated me because I was everything his son wasn’t. My cousin was had out of wedlock and before he could marry Jeremiah’s mother to bleed her dry, she died giving birth to my cousin making him a single father. My cousin was happy working in a small business in Kansas City, Missouri with his wife, Lisa and their two daughters. Lisa didn’t come from a well-off family. They were happy in their family home and visits Pittsburgh when they can.

 

 

 

Brian POV

 

            I am watching Justin’s parents as they try and get Justin’s attention. He seemed to be thinking hard about something. I kiss his temple to get him to come out of his daze as his father calls his name once again.

 

“Justin, son, can you hear me?”

 

“Yeah dad, I can hear you. This is so fucked up.”

 

“What’s fucked up, son?”

 

“Dad, Uncle David told him where I was.”

 

“I will have a conversation with your uncle. I may take your grandfather with me. Why don’t we worry about that later and you can introduce us to the man that seems to be comforting you.” Justin’s mother says

 

“Mom, dad, this is Brian, my----” He stops and looks at me to finish

 

“His partner.”

 

“Brian, this is my mother and father, Jennifer and Craig Taylor.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Brian. How did y’all meet?”

 

“Dad, it’s a little too late to be having this conversation. We can go out to dinner tomorrow. I can get Chris to watch Aaron.”

 

“What about Gus, Peter, and John?”

 

“I will gladly watch them as well. Eric says he will help to insure the children don’t end up traumatized whatever that means. Mom, dad. Hey guys.” Chris says from the door holding a sleeping Aaron.

 

“Christopher Hobbs, bring me my grandchild.”

 

            Chris walks over to us and I realize that it is not Aaron that is being held, but Gus. I bring Gus into my arms and remembered why Justin and I were fighting. My son would have another father and a brother. Why was I so worried about Justin taking Gus away when, Justin just wanted to be there to help me raise him?

 

“I thought you had Aaron in your arms, Chris.”

 

“No mom, that’s Brian’s son, Gus.”

 

“Well they sure do look alike.” Craig says smiling at Gus

 

“I would hope so considering Gus holds part of Justin’s blood.”

 

“I have another grandchild to spoil. Yes. The lord is answering all my prayers. Now I just need a granddaughter and I will be all set.” Jennifer says gleefully as the boys start to frown

 

“Darling, please no more shopping. Between you and Tonya, the boys will have no room for everything you two purchase. Don’t do that to Brian.” Craig begs

 

“Craig Taylor, I will spoil my grandchild whether they are blood related or not, you hear me. That goes for all of you. Who are those sweet boys peeking out the door?” Jennifer asks

 

“John and Peter. They are my nephews.”

 

“Yes. More children to spoil. I must tell Tonya during our annual luncheon.” Jennifer say while taking Gus and the boys with her into Justin’s loft.

 

            She started packing a bag for Aaron and asked the boys where I lived. When they pointed across the hall, she simply walks across and tell them to pack a bag. She goes up the stairs and packs a bag for Gus as well. We all follow her out as she instructs Craig and Justin to each take a baby carrier and place them in the SUV.

 

“Mom, where are they going?”

 

“Justin, Brian, the children are having a sleep over with their grandparents, do you have a problem with that?” Jennifer glares daring us to tell her we do.

 

            When we shake our heads no, she smiles and yells for Craig to get into the car. They leave and I am stunned at the woman who just accepted me and my family no questions asked. We all walk back into the building and Justin follows me into my loft.

“We need to talk, but after we make up.” Justin says while stripping.

The Attempt by DramaQueen
Author's Notes:

Trying to finish all the stories before starting new one. There will be a sequel to The Big Secret. School got hectic so hope you enjoy this chapter

 

Brian POV

 

It has been two weeks since the confrontation with Ethan. Justin and I have made up and plan to raise Gus and Aaron together. It turns out that the Taylor visited the Novotny-Bruckner household and Hunter was taken to the sleepover at grandma Jen’s and grandpa Craig’s house. Today is the pitch to Justin, Brian, and Daphne. I am looking over the boards for the pitch and these pieces of shit are not the boards that I approved. The pitch is in two houses so I go upstairs to rip my art department a new asshole. Boyfriend or not, I don’t want the account because I am dating Justin, but because my company is the best.

 

“Murph! WHO THE FUCK CHANGED THE TAYLOR, HOBBS, AND CHANDLER GRAPHICS PITCH? WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE ORIGINAL APPROVED BOARDS?”

 

“Oh Mr. Kinney, those boards wouldn’t have worked. I changed them last night because I have personal knowledge of what the clients want from a reliable source.” A new artist says cockily

 

“Brian, here’s the originals. I found them outside the trashcan. And Mr. Gold, please see me in my office when Mr. Kinney leaves.” Murph says clearly frustrated

 

“Gold, as in Ethan Gold.” I asked curiously

 

“Yeah. He’s my husband. I know what they like because my husband has been friends with them for years until Justin read too much into a one night stand and fell in love with him.” Mr. Gold says

 

“What’s your name?” I ask lowly because no one talks about my partner like that

 

“Richard Gold at your services.” He says arrogantly

 

“Murph, skip the office meeting with Mr. Gold. Has he worked here for more than 3 months?”

 

“No, he has just started recently.”

 

“Good, make sure he packs up his desk and will mail your first and final check with Kinnetik. You will not receive a severance package because you have not worked here for 3 months. I’m sure Vanguard is hiring. Get out. And never come back and make sure your husband heeds my partner’s father’s warning.” I say as I walk away with the approved boards.

 

 

 

I am setting up for the meeting when Cynthia tells me the client is here. (I don’t know anything about an ad pitch so I’m going to skip describing the meeting.) I give them the pitch of my life and go to my office after to let them talk about whether or not they will be signing with me today. Cynthia knocks on my door letting me know Justin, Chris, and Daphne are ready with a decision.

 

“Well Mr. Kinney, that is the best pitch that we have seen since opening our company.” Daphne says

 

“Look like you have a new client.” Chris says

 

“Where do we sign?” Justin says

 

 

 

They sign the paperwork and we all agree to go out to lunch to celebrate. Justin tells me that he will pick the boys up from school and daycare while I go back to work.

 

 

 

Justin POV

 

I walk into the daycare that we dropped Aaron, Jus, and Adam off at this morning. I was locating each kid a baby play area. I am standing behind two women when I hear something suspicious.

 

“Hello, we are here for Gus Kinney.” The blonde says

 

“Yes. Who are you?” the daycare assistant asks

 

“We are his mothers.” The brunette says

 

“Excuse me, that’s not right. Gus does not have any mothers. He is the child of Justin Taylor, me and my partner, Brian Kinney.” I say cutting in

 

“Sir, do you have identification?” she asks me

 

I present my id and make sure the two women do not go anywhere. When I have all three children in my possession, I hand their car seats to Daphne and Chris while I take care of the women.

 

“Who are you and why are you trying to kidnap my son?”

 

“He’s our son. Brian took him from us.”

 

“You’re the two women from the precinct when Brian was arrested.”  Daphne exclaims after making sure every child is situated in our 8 passenger SUV

 

“I am going to say this once, give me the kid and no one will get hurt.”

 

“We have a better offer for you. Leave Brian and Gus alone and we won’t have to dig your entire life up.” Daphne says

 

“You don’t know who my parents are.” The blonde says

 

“Oh gee, who are your parents?” I asked uninterested

 

“Ronald and Nancy Peterson. So are you sure this is a fight you want?” The blonde says

 

“Your parents would disown their children just to kiss our parents’ asses. Look up Chris Hobbs, Justin Taylor, and Daphne Chandler and let us know if you want this fight, Lindsey.” I say

 

“How’d you know my name?”

 

“Your mother talks to anyone who listens at the country club about Lindsey, her biggest disappointment for being gay.” Chris shouts

 

“That why she got kicked out of the highest country clubs.” I say smirking while walking away with Daphne to pick up Peter and John from school.

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1264