Can't Live Without You Part 1 by Simply written
Summary:

True love can't be stopped.  Justin gets his first big show as  Brian is opening Kinnetik NYC.  


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Daphne Chanders, Emmett Honeycutt, Justin Taylor, Ted Schmidt
Tags: Bottom Brian, Jealousy, Oral Sex, Phone Sex, Rimming
Genres: None
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Brian/Justin/Other
Challenges: None
Series: Can't Do Life Without You
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 22576 Read: 19935 Published: Apr 27, 2018 Updated: Apr 27, 2018

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

5. Chapter 5 by Simply written

6. Chapter 6 by Simply written

7. Chapter 7 by Simply written

8. Chapter 8 by Simply written

9. Chapter 9 by Simply written

10. Chapter 10 by Simply written

11. Chapter 11 by Simply written

12. Chapter 12 by Simply written

13. Epilogue by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written

"I made it safely. The loft Daphne hooked me up with is great. I got a lead on a work space I might be able to share with a guy." There is a moment of silence on the line. Justin then continues, "I miss you. We will get together soon.  I love you." 

 

Brian started the message over for the fourth time.  Every time he listened to it he could hear the excitement in Justin's voice about his new life but he heard a sadness, too. Brian had never had such confused thoughts. He had never felt such pain and yet felt a warmth inside.   Brian turned off his phone and headed to that big, empty bed.  He thought about heading out to Babylon but why? Ben and Michael would be at home with Hunter. Emmett was spending time with his new boyfriend from Hazelhurst and Ted took off for the weekend to be with Blake on one of his ski tournaments.  Just fucking around still gave him pleasure but there was such an emptiness afterword.   

 

Brian reached for a cigarette without thinking about it and lights it up.  A smile played across his lips as he remembered the night he met Justin.  It was the most important night of his life.  It was the night he became a father and the night he met the love of his life. His first thought was, 'this is a new piece of ass I haven't seen before.' Justin wasn't his normal choice but he was definitely worth a second look. Even as a kid Justin had guts.  Not every 17-year-old would have been brave enough to take on Brian Kinney.  He was sure when he stripped in front of him Justin would run.  Just the opposite! Justin walked right up to him and kissed him.  Brian chuckled as he finishes his smoke. That would have been something he would have done. And there is no way he would ever forget that first night in bed with him. It was a night to remember.  Justin was so naïve but so receptive.  Brian knew he had to be scared shitless but Justin was game to try anything, even after Brian had gotten high on E and tried doing hand stands and juggling.   

 

Mindlessly, Brian reached for another cigarette. "I really need to cut back," crosses his mind as he continues in his reverie. Justin was a natural when it came to loving.  It was obvious he had not done anything like that before but he caught on so quickly to everything. He followed everything Brian said and came up with things naturally.  Brian could still taste him and remembered the sounds he made as Brian trailed down his back with his tongue, learning the shape of this boy, this young man. And then the look on Justin's face as he entered him for the first time. He was so trusting. He was so beautiful. He asked for what he needed, unashamed of his lack of experience.   Brian had felt in charge but also needed.  God, he missed his Sunshine! What was this feeling? He was so proud of him but the pain he was feeling made it hard to think of anything positive.  Well, maybe he would have to do something about it.  New York was not far away.  He could afford a trip.  He actually needed the trip.  Yes, Brian Kinney was admitting he needed someone!  And he wasn't sure his life was worth much without him. 

 

 

 

Chapter 2 by Simply written

 

Chapter 2   Justin 

New York was so amazing!  He was still having trouble believing he was here.  He had just found a great loft to work in.  Sure, he was sharing it with another artist but there was plenty of space for them.  It had great light and even had a good view which didn't happen often. His living situation was also going to work out, thanks to Daphne.  Justin thought about Daphne for a few minutes.  How did he score such a loyal friend?  He knew he took a lot from her and sometimes didn't feel like he had been the best friend but she was always there for him.  He did know Daphne thrived on the adventures he had taken her on so maybe he had done something for her.  As soon as he could he needed to do a painting for her, something that would be special to her.   

 

The only thing that would make his life perfect was if Brian was here.  He had left a message for him but all he wanted was to talk to him.  No, that wasn't true.  What he wanted was to have him here.  He still wasn't sure where he got the balls to go.  He had wanted Brian for so long and when he finally had him he leaves?  What was he thinking?   

 

As Justin wandered around the city he thought back to the night they met.  Justin was scared half to death but he knew right away he was like these people.  Sure, he liked girls, but he didn't LIKE girls.  He just wasn't sure what to do now that he was here.  In the back of his mind he kept thinking about his parents and how they would hate this but it was time for him to think about himself and what he needed.  He leaned against a pole trying to figure out what to do next when he saw them, well saw him.  He had never seen a more beautiful person in his life. And could he really be heading his way?  It was kind of a dream, a blur, how he got to the apartment.  Next thing he knew he was watching this gorgeous man pour water over his head and then strip.  It was like positive and negative magnets.  He was drawn to him.  His lips just had to touch his. What he felt in that moment was something he never felt before and something he didn't think he ever would feel again.  He felt he had found his place. As they worked their way to the massive bed the world stopped but every nerve ending in his body started working overtime. 

 

Then the night really got interesting with a run to the hospital and getting to name Brian's new son, meeting Lindsey and Melanie, and spending time with Michael.  Michael really didn't like him then.  Actually, it took a long time for Michael to accept that he was part of the group. He eventually came around. 

 

Justin realized he had walked a long way and started to head back to his place and memories of the rest of the night flooded his senses.  He would never forget any of that night.  Brian had taken something at the hospital and was flying high by the time Michael dropped them off.  The first thing Brian did when they got back was grab apples out of a bowl and tried to juggle.  Justin realized he was laughing at the memory of apples flying all over as Brian missed them. And then there was furniture tipping over because Brian, who could barely stand tried to do handstands. Good thing he was in New York City.  No one even looked twice at a guy laughing out loud. 

 

Then the night got really real!  This was the moment his world changed forever.  Brian came down from his euphoria and sent him into another world he could have only dreamed of. Brian taught him how to love.  He was so gentle and yet so forceful.  Justin knew at that moment he was in love. Brian was an excellent teacher and although he teased him a bit, he explained everything. Justin started getting hard just thinking about feeling this beautiful man's tongue trail down his back and when Brian's tongue entered him he thought nothing could be better until Brian talked him through first entry.  He told him to always remember him so he would always be with him.  There was no chance he would ever forget Brian. 

 

It is true, Brian didn't say he loved him for years but now with age and maturity Justin could look back and see Brian's love even if he didn't say it.  Brian always seemed to be there for him at the big moments.  After he was bashed Brian knew what he needed even if everyone else thought he was being cruel.  He could still remember getting his confidence back walking the streets of Pittsburgh.  His goal was to make it to Brian waiting down the block. As Justin looked up to see how much farther he had to go he was sure he was still day dreaming.  He blinked and shook his head.  Wow, he must have gone further into his memory then he thought.  He would swear Brian had just gotten out of a taxi. And then, just like that first time, before Justin could call to him, Brian 'felt him'.  He turned, held out his arms, and, before realizing he had started running, Justin was flinging himself into Brian's embrace. 

 

Chapter 3 by Simply written

 

Chapter 3 Together Again 

 

"What are you doing here?", "God, I love you.", "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" All this just rolled out of Justin's mouth in between kissing this man he loved with all his being. 

 

Brian returned the kisses but eventually started laughing at the love of his life.  "Why don't you show me this great new apartment you have or more particular the private bedroom you have."  He didn't have to say it twice.  Justin grabbed his hand and started pulling him.  "What floor are you on?" Brian asked as he entered the elevator.  With a twinkle in his eye Justin responded,"27th." By the time he had the number out he had dropped to his knees and reached for Brian's fly. Unzipping it he found Brian already erect.  Justin wrapped his lips around him and Brian left out a sigh.  As good as that felt he reached down and pulled Justin to his feet.  He wrapped his arms around him and plunged his tongue deep into Justin's mouth.  He just needed to taste him, feel his warmth, see that face.  

 

As the doors slid open Brian zipped his fly with one hand but kept his other arm firmly around Justin. On the other side of the door a couple waiting to get on the elevator car smiled with a knowing smile. Justin led the way to the apartment fumbling for the key in his pocket.  They had barely entered the door when clothes started cluttering the floor on the way to the bedroom.  As the bedroom door shut the last of the clothes was dropped and Justin found himself on his back on the bed.  Brian joined him and started at the top of his head and worshipped every inch of his love with kisses, sucking, nipping, and licks. As Justin started to thrash around with need Brian lifted Justin's legs to his shoulders and entered him with as much restraint as possible.  He had missed this so much he tried to make it last as long as he could. 

 

"Brian, now!  I need all of you now!" Justin cried out with a note of desperation. 

 

In unison, they climaxed and collapsed into each other's arms. "God, I missed you, Sunshine." Brian said as he tightened his arms around Justin.  Justin was nearly purring with contentment but there was some surprise, too.  Could this really be Brian Kinney? Could this be the man that wouldn't say I love you for nearly 5 years? He propped himself up on one elbow and looked down on Brian, the only man he ever truly loved. Brian's eyes were shut and he was breathing quietly. He reached down and brushed the hair off his forehead.  He couldn't stop himself. He bent down and brushed kisses down the path his fingers just had taken.  Brian's eyes fluttered open and he smiled up at him. 

 

"Hey." 

 

"Hey, yourself." Justin replied." You going to tell me what you are doing here?" 

 

For a moment Brian wondered if he should have called beforehand. "I wanted to surprise you."  

 

"Well, you succeeded! I can't imagine a better way to christen my new bedroom." 

 

Brian let this sink in.  Justin had never gone 2 days without sex let alone 2 weeks. "Christen? Justin Taylor hasn't brought anyone home?  There is no doubt you have had plenty of offers." 

 

"I have gone out with my roommates a couple times but I haven't gone out looking.  Don't you know by now that you are the only one I really want to be with. I don't just want a fuck. You know that. I know that isn't you.  After all these years I have come to understand that. " He planted a quick kiss on Brian's parted lips. "I love you anyway." 

 

Brian looked into those blue eyes that shone with love.  Yes, Brian now knew what love was.  This young man with patience, and what he used to call 'killing him with kindness', first got under his skin and then found the very center of his heart.  Brian reached up and ran his fingers through that golden mop.  He liked it best when Justin left it get just a little too long. Brian wrapped his fingers gently around his neck and pulled him in for a long, languid kiss.  

 

"You asked why I was here.  I'm here because I need you and I don't expect you to come back to Pittsburgh.  I am hoping, with your permission, to find some office space and plan to open a Kinnetics  here in the city.  If you don't want me here all the time I will understand I scrap the idea but if you agree Cynthia and Ted will run the Pittsburgh office and I will find staff to man the office here.  I have already talked to several perspective clients and have a lead on office space."  

 

Justin's expression hadn't changed.  In fact, his face was void of all emotion. Brian was hoping for a little more reaction than this.  He knew Justin was just starting his professional career and may not want him there but he had to ask.  He had never felt so alone as he did the last 2 weeks. 

 

"Justin?" 

 

"Oh, God, Brian." Justin's face was now contorted and tears were starting to flow.  Justin said, "Brian, how....." As he hid his face in Brian's shoulder.  

 

Now Brian was beginning to worry.  He wasn't sure what to do.  He just wasn't sure what Justin's reaction meant. Brian pulled him in close and decided he just needed to wait it out.   

 

Justin couldn't believe what he had just heard.  Brian was asking his permission. He was asking if he was wanted here. This man never ceased to amaze him.  He finally got his emotions under control and slowly turned his face to Brian still unsure what words to say.  After seeing the worried look on Brian's face he decided words weren't necessary.  He slowly leaned down and gently brushed his lips over Brian's.  Their lips separated long enough for Justin to say, "I think I like this control thing." He increased the passion and took charge.  He rolled Brian to his stomach and slowly traced his spine, first with his finger and then followed by his tongue.  The taste of him never got old.  He could never get enough.  As his tongue dipped into the very core of Brian he heard the softest groan.  Many people may think because Brian was definitely the dominant top in the relationship that he always just did what Brian wanted but that wasn't true.  Brian had always been an amazing lover and, like today, Justin was guiding their joining.   

 

Justin turned Brian to his side and whispered in his ear. "Are you ok with this?" 

 

Brian responded in a hushed tone, "I want you inside of me."  

 

Justin did not need to be asked twice.  He plunged in and slowly brought them both to release. 

 

Chapter 4 by Simply written

Chapter 4 




Around 7:00 pm they managed to get showered and dressed.  As they emerged from Justin's bedroom a couple of very curious looks on their faces.  Justin looked at each of his roommates and then over at Brian.  The corner of Brian's mouth twitched and that is all it took for Justin to burst out into laughter which made Brian join him.  They could only image what sounds had come out of that bedroom this afternoon.  Randy and Michelle, his roommates, joined in the laughter and the tension in the air was gone.   




"I am hoping you are Brian," Michelle said with a laugh. "You fit the description Justin keeps mooning about.   Perfect hair, perfect face, perfect body, and of course gay."  Brian liked this brash young woman immediately.  "And from out here well..." Randy flung a pillow at her before she could finish her thought. 




Formal introductions were made, well at least as formal as you can be when you know someone could overhear you making love all afternoon, and Justin and Brian headed out onto the streets of NYC. The goal was to find some dinner but they were in no hurry. They strolled along with very little conversation, arms around each other. Neither of them wanted to lose physical contact for long.  They eventually roamed into a little Italian bistro.  A carafe of red wine soon appeared on their table. Justin hadn't even noticed Brian order it but that was so Brian.  He could walk into a place and people just knew what he wanted.  Justin always wondered if he really did have some of Rage's powers.  




Meals were ordered and by the time the salads were served the two men couldn't talk fast enough.  Justin's excitement was palpable.  He wanted to show Brian his loft tomorrow.  He wanted to introduce him to this agent that was trying to get him to sign a contract.  He wanted Brian to read through it for him.  He talking about some of the projects he was starting and the whole time Brian listened intently.   




Brian finally reached over and took Justin's hand in his. He turned it over and kissed the palm and raised his eyes to meet Justin's.  "Slowdown, Sunshine, we have a lifetime to talk."  




Justin took a deep breath and smiled. "Sorry. I missed having you to talk to. I haven't even asked about your plans for Kinnetic." 




Over the entrée Brian spelled out his business plan.  He already had a couple clients almost locked down so he was fairly sure he could at least break even in this office.  He had done well for himself.  Money wasn't the problem. It was all about happiness now.    




With the meal finished and the bill paid they strode arm and arm back to the apartment, stealing a kiss from time to time along the way.  There was no doubt that right now they were both more content then they had ever been in their life together. 




They tried to slip in the loft quietly as not to wake up the roommates but that was not a problem.  Michelle and Randy were both in the living room and Michelle appeared to be very upset about something.  Brian and Justin stopped for a second to see if they could help or if she even wanted to share.  "I am so fucking mad!  What am I supposed to do now? Seriously?"   




Justin walked over to Michelle and sat down next to her on the couch.  "What happened?" 




"My fucking boss...well, ex-boss now I guess. He got arrested.  I guess the only thing I can be happy about is the fact that it had nothing to do with work so they can't nail me for something I didn't do but what am I going to do for work now?   




Brian crossed the room and stood next to Justin, "I know you don't know me and I don't want to stick my nose in your business but what do you do?  




 I have a business degree from Wharton School of Business.  I was an office manager.  I was basically handling all the financials for the office. " With that she just slumped back on the couch.   




Brian looked over at Justin and Justin smiled back and nodded.  "Michelle, " Brian started, "Obviously, I will need to look over your resume and do a basic background but I am going to be opening an advertising agency here in the city and I am going to need staff.  It sounds like you would be a great business manager." By now, everyone was on their feet.  Michelle threw her arms around Brian's neck and kissed him full on the lips while Justin just smirked.   




After things calmed down Brian and Justin made their way back to his room.  "I just remembered another reason I love you so much. Whether you want to admit it or not you have a big heart, Brian Kinney." 




"I think I got more out of this than she did.  I am sure everything will check out and you know Ted is going to LOVE working with a Wharton grad. That is one position filled. I will need to find a counterpart for Cynthia and then fill in my art department.  I think one of the guys in the Pittsburgh office is interested in moving up here so I think this is going to …..." 




As Brian was talking Justin had methodically unbuttoned first his shirt and then Brian's.  It was when he slipped his hands under the shirt and into the waistband of his pants that Brian found another use for his mouth. As they removed the remainder of their clothes and fall into bed.  There was no rushing, just slow, comfortable lovemaking until they drifted off to sleep in each other's arms. 




 

Chapter 5 by Simply written

 

Chapter 5 

Sunday morning the sun was shining brightly. They spent the day looking at office space and apartments for lease.  By the end of the day they had it narrowed down to two office spaces but they just hadn't seen the right apartment yet.  That was not a rush since Justin's place would work fine for a short time. They returned home around 5:00 in time for a leisurely shower and got ready for dinner with Daphne.   

Brian had liked her from the first day he met her.  He remembered her standing in his loft while he stood there completely naked but she didn't back down.  Another time she had tracked him down and told him Justin had run away to NYC and said he needed to go get him.  Daphne was always there for Justin, even when he wasn't.  He had grown to love her like a little sister.   

Justin walked out of the dressing room in a tight-fitting pair of jeans and his shirt in his hand.  "Sunshine, are you sure Daphne is expecting us at 7:00?" Brian pulled him in for a kiss but before they could get too carried away Brian's phone buzzed. Without breaking the kiss, he reached for his phone.  Daphne. 

"Hey, Daph." 

"Will you stop trying to knock up Justin and leave for the restaurant."  With that she started laughing.  "Was just checking in to get the address.  I never heard what the final decision was." 

"I have a car service picking us up.  We will swing by and pick you up.  He is supposed to be here," he looked at his watch, "Now.  We are heading out and will call you when we are at your place."  She said see you soon and hung up. 

Brian and Justin chatted about the two office spaces and the pros and cons of each as they drove the few blocks to Daphne's.  Justin called her as they pulled to the curb. 

"Time to give her a show." Justin climbed on his lap and plunged his tongue halfway down Brian's throat.  Brian didn't hesitate in becoming a willing participant.   

When the driver opened the door, Daphne climbed in and just started laughing.  "You two never change, Thank God!" 

Justin gave her a quick hug and kiss and moved so she and Brian could exchange greetings.  There was the usual banter between Brian and Daphne as they traveled to the restaurant.  Most of the conversation leaned toward what was going on in Pittsburgh especially on Liberty Avenue.  Babylon was back up and running but Brian was nothing more than the owner now.  He had a manager that oversaw the place and Ted oversaw the manager.  Daphne wanted to hear how the gang was back there and how Gus was doing in Canada.   

The car stopped moving and the door was opened.  Justin climbed out and offered his hand to Daphne.  He gave her a quick hug as she popped out and then Brian climbed out. He put both arms out and Daphne took one while Justin took the other.  

Daphne realized where they were at this point and looked at Brian. "How the hell did you get reservations here." He could see how excited she was which was his goal.   

"I did an ad campaign for the owner years ago for one of his other restaurants in Pittsburgh.  We have kept in touch over the years so I called him." 

They had a wonderful time.  They laughed until they cried.   

Over dessert Brian brought up Daphne's internship.  "How's it going there?"   

"I am enjoying it but in 4 weeks I will be done there and I don't think it is the place I want to stay.  I have been sending out resumes since I arrived and have started getting some interview calls." 

Justin was grinning from ear to ear. He was glad Daphne was focused on Brian.  Brian hadn't told him what he was up to but it was a great idea.  "Daphne, you know I am opening offices here, right?  I need a counterpart to Cynthia here in the city and I want to offer you the position. When you are done with your internship of course. " 

Neither Justin or Brian had ever seen Daphne speechless. Justin and Brian looked at each other and Justin mouthed, "I love you!"  Brian winked back. 

Daphne finally recovered.  "You are serious?  I think you are serious!"  Brian nodded.  " I can't believe you just asked me this." 

"Daphne, I have known you for 5 years.  You were mature then and now you have the knowledge to go with it.  I know you will work well with Cynthia and I think you already know Michelle who is also going to be working for me.  I can't tell you exactly what I can offer you for a salary yet but you know I will be fair and will have a decent benefit package for you." 

"Yes! Yes! Yes! This is SO amazing!" 

 

Brian and Justin just laughed as she first gave Brian a hug and kiss and then repeated it with Justin.  

After dropping Daphne off at her place, they rode back to the apartment just wrapped in each other's arms. They both knew this special weekend was coming to a close.  But they also knew that a new chapter in their lives together was just starting. 

Chapter 6 by Simply written

 

Chapter 6 

 

The next couple weeks was a blur of activity.  Justin kept up his normal the best he could.  He left for the studio early in the morning and sometimes didn't return until long after dark.  He got so wrapped up somedays he didn't stop to eat or drink. He would go home at night to find Brian in his room. They would order something for dinner and while they waited they would talk about the day's activities.  Justin would talk about his paintings and Brian would tell Justin about the progress he had made in the new office. Michelle was already there working and Daphne would join them soon. 

After eating they would always end up taking a shower.  There were nights Brian had to scrub Justin down like you would a small child who had played in the dirt all day.   

"Tell me the truth, do you paint in the nude because if you do, I may come spend the day with you tomorrow." Brian scrubbed paint off Justin's shoulder blade. 

"You know you are welcome but if you start coming every day I will never make any progress." Justin reached behind and took ahold of Brian's package and started to massage Brian's balls as he leaned against him. 

Brian bent forward and whispered into Justin's ear, "Are you ready?" 

"Brian, I am always ready for you." Brian slowly entered Justin but soon they both had lost patience and frantically came to a climax together. 

"I would love to see what you have been working on but I didn't want to intrude." 

"You won't be.  I do appreciate you giving me my space at the studio though." 

"Do you think you could wrap up tomorrow about 5:00?  I could stop by and see what you want me to see and then I want to show you a place I found today.  I think it might be the right place for us.  I like you roommates and all but we need more room.  I am feeling a bit stifled here at times." He grabbed at Justin who let out a squeal. 

"Ya," Justin laughed, "It might be time."  He snuggled up to Brian. " I think I can make that work." 

"And if you aren't too covered with paint maybe we can go eat something that isn't out of a cardboard box." 

"Like a date?" Justin smirked at Brian.  He knew that was something Brian used to scoff at. 

"I don't care what you want to call it, I just want to be with you somewhere besides this bedroom. Did I just say that?"They both laughed and Brian pulled Justin closer as they drifted off. 

At 5:00 the next day Brian was at the studio.  He rang the bell and Dillion, one of the other occupants, opened the door.  Brian greeted him and headed to Justin's space. As he came around the corner he found what he thought he would.  Justin was still absorbed in his painting.  Brian was speechless.  The painting was beyond anything Justin had done before. It was bold. It was vibrant.  It was alive. 

 

Brian was so stunned by the work he didn't notice Justin turn around. "What do you think?" 

"Justin, I am speechless and that doesn't happen often. This is amazing!" He walked over to Justin and rested his hands on his cheeks and looked him in the eyes." I knew you were talented but I had no idea..." He leaned over and kissed him. 

 

"Brian, I want to show you something." Justin pulled out a painting from the corner.  It was a great painting but didn't have the energy or depth of the other one. "This is what I was painting before you arrived.  Something was missing.  It was YOU." He wrapped his arms around Brian's neck.  " I NEEDED YOU!" The kiss said more than works ever could. 

When they separated they both were a little shaky.  "So, what else can I see?"  Brian walked away.  He needed to put space between them or they would not make it to meet the realter or make the reservations he had made. 

After Justin pointed Brian toward his recent work he went to get most of the paint off himself and change into some clothes he brought along that morning. Heading to the door, Justin waved at Dillon and said he would see him tomorrow. They left the studio arm and arm. Dillon just shook his head as they walked out. Some guys just had all the luck: looks, talent, and an amazing looking boyfriend. 

As they left the studio building Justin expected to grab a cab figuring they would go uptown to see the apartment.  He looked quizzically at Brian as he wrapped his arm around his waist and directed him to walk down the sidewalk.   

"We're walking? How far it is? I thought we had reservations we needed to get to?" Justin was full of questions. 

rian snagged a quick kiss.  "Just trust me for once." 

"I do!  I just figured the apartment wouldn't be in this neighborhood. I know you were looking at places blocks from here. 

"Well, I stumbled on something closer by." They went around the corner and about half way down the block when Brian directed Justin to an open gate that led down a private walkway.  Justin shrugged and headed toward the light at the other end.  As it grew brighter Justin could see a green space.  They stepped out into an open courtyard.  There were trees and flowers, a park bench, and a patio with a table and grill. 

"Well?" Brian looked at Justin. "What do you think?" 

"How did you find this place? I had no idea this was here and I pass it every day." 

"Well, the other day when you blew me off for lunch," Brian winked down at Justin, "A great looking man sat next to me at the bar. He was waiting for his husband who had blown him off too. We started talking and I found out he was a realtor.  He happened to mention he, himself, had a place for rent with a later option to buy, for the right person of couple. He brought me here." 

"It is amazing." Justin was trying to take everything in. 

"Hey, Brian, glad you made it." A man, almost as gorgeous as Brian, walked up. 

"Hey, Dan.  I want you to meet Justin. Justin this is Dan Reed." The two men exchanged pleasantries. 

Dan looked at Brian. "You weren't lying.  He is hot!" 

"You ain't seen nothing yet!" He swatted Justin's ass as Justin's visible cheeks turned crimson. 

Dan unlocked the door and said, "You go ahead.  Take your time.  Just stop by my place when you are done." 

 

Justin realized he must live in the other house located in the courtyard. "So, Dan lives here, too?" 

 

"Yes, Dan and his partner, Andre.  Since whoever rents this place shares the private courtyard they are quite particular who they want living here. We would have access to the hot tub over there," Brian pointed to the far corner.  Justin hadn't noticed it yet. 

 

"Let's go in.  I think you will really like it." They entered into a great room.  To the left was the kitchen area.  There were state of the art appliances and granite counter tops with a bar you could sit at.  Behind the kitchen was a dining area that looked out over a private back area. To the right of the entry was a seating area and a large flat screen above the fireplace. Under the open staircase there was a half bath. "So that do you think so far?"   

 

"It's great.   I take it the bedroom is upstairs?" 
"I like the way you think, Sunshine. I like the way you think." 

Justin saw the look in Brian's eyes and took the stairs 2 at a time with Brian on his heels. At the top landing there were two doors.  He reached for the door that would be above the kitchen.  

 

"That's the guest room."  Justin opened the door to a comfortable looking room.  Mute colors made you want to sleep there. He pointed to the door across from them. "That is the guest bath." 

"I am sure I could sleep in here." Justin made the statement and then smirked over at Brian.   

"Oh, I don't think so.  I have plans for you next door." Brian grabbed Justin's hand and pulled him to the next door.  He flung the door open and they entered the room.   

Justin stood in the middle of the room with his mouth hanging open. "Are you going to say something or is your mouth hanging open an invitation?" 

In the center of the room was a platform bed.  Gauze curtains hung from the ceiling at the four corners of the bed. Justin could see a large walk in closet in one corner of the room.  There was a small sitting area with a chaise lounge. 

"Hum....maybe a little ice cream later?" Justin winked at Brian. 

"Does that mean you like it?" 

"What's not to like? I just have one more thing to check out." He walked over to what had to be the bathroom.  He saw double sinks in front of him.  To the left was the water closet.  To the right was a huge bath tub plenty of room for two. "Where's the shower?" 

"I knew that's what you were looking for. Follow me." That's when Justin notice the wall separated to the right of the sinks. Justin followed Brian into what could only be called a shower room.  There were 6 shower heads above and more coming out of the wall. There was a built-in bench under what looked like a waterfall shower head.  There were pillars at either end. It was a veritable water playground.  

"Brian, when do we move in?' He literally ran across the room and flung himself into Brian's arms. " I do plan to pay my share of the expenses." 

Brian captured Justin's low lip in his teeth. After giving it a little nip, he said, "Oh, you will pay!  Don't worry about that." He claimed Justin's mouth and backed him up until he was pinned against one of the pillars. I think we might need to make our first memory here right now. He unbuckled Justin's pants and then his own.  Justin gladly turned around when Brian prompted him. Brian put on a condom and entered Justin in one swift motion.  Justin groaned, Brian stopped and put his lips up to Justin's ear.  "I didn't hurt you, did I?  

Justin moaned "No, no keep going." In a short time, they had both climaxed and they stayed there linked for another couple minutes. 

"I hate to break this up but..." Brian and Justin jumped as they heard the voice. Brian looked over his shoulder and saw Andre standing there. "Sorry, looks like I came in at a bad time."  

Brian and Justin straightened their clothes and turned around.   "Sunshine, this is Andre.  He is Dan's partner." Justin shook his hand.  He couldn't help staring.  He was the second most beautiful man he had ever seen.  No one could beat Brian but Andre was close.  Although the 2 men had similar builds they were very opposite.  Andre was as blond as Brian was dark.  His eyes were the palest blue and his skin was fair.  He was beautiful. 

Brian started laughing knowing what had to be going through Justin's head. "Well, Andre, if you and Dan approve we will take it." 

"I think we will all get along famously. Come and join Dan and me in a glass of something." 

Brian glanced at his watch.  We would love to, Andre, but we have reservations and if we don't leave in the next 5 minutes we will be late." 

"I understand." Andre replied.  Give Dan a call tomorrow and the 2 of you can talk details.   Glad to have you, neighbor!" 

Brian and Justin didn't say much on their way to the bistro.   It was a brisk walk to get there on time. They rushed through the door just in time.  They were seated at an out of the way table.  As they walked in they caught the eye of many of the other customers.  They were a stunning couple and were used to drawing attention.  

While the waiter was pouring the wine, Brian had asked them to have waiting, Justin questioned, "Was it just me, or was everyone staring at us?" 

"Excuse me for interrupting but I can answer that for you.  You two exude sex but more than that you exude love.  It is obvious you love each other." 

They instinctually reached for each other's hands. Anyone who saw the look they gave each other at that moment both melted their hearts and enflamed their sex drives. 

They enjoyed their quiet meal.  They talked about their new place and their new neighbors.  "I am sure you picked up on the fact our new neighbors might like to do a little playing with us.  They will completely respect our wishes but they are game for anything we are." 

"That was very obvious.  You know I enjoy some extracurricular activities but can we put some limitations on it?" Justin hesitated as he said it.  He knew Brian really enjoyed playing around and it used to be a nightly activity. He didn't want that. 

"What are you worried about, Sunshine?" 

"I just....well, I won't be doing anything with either of them unless you are with me.  I am not saying you have to follow that rule but can you at least promise that you will tell me if you have sex with one or both of them? I don't want something like that to get between us and, don't worry, if something is bothering me I will let you know." 

"Justin, you know you are the only one I love.  Yes, I like to play once in a while but," He stood up and walked to Justin's chair and pulled him to his feet, "You are the only one I want to spend my life with. You set the guidelines and I will follow them.  I promise." Right there in the middle of the restaurant Brian took Justin in his arms and kissed him. They finally broke apart laughing as they heard someone at the next table groan.  They were both sure he had just had an orgasm. 

Chapter 7 by Simply written

Chapter 7 




It was decided they would move in the next weekend. Thankfully all they had to bring was their clothes. They could get that packed in 6 days. Between Brian starting his business and Justin still swept up in his art they barely saw each other except in bed.   




Brian understood how important this was to Justin's career but also to him personally.   Justin needed to prove he was his own man to himself.  Brian had always known how strong he was.  Justin had only been 17 when they had met and so many people thought he was always waiting for Brian to do things for him.  He had helped him out financially over the years but that was because he could not because he felt he had to. Justin knew who he was and what he believed from that young age.  Now he needed to figure out what he was to become.  Brian couldn't wait to for him to discover it on his own.  He would be there for him but Justin had this with no help from him. 




The next morning, they went their own directions as they usually did.  Brian got to the office to find Michelle was already there.  




"Hey, Boss. You need to call Ted.  By the way, have I told you I really like that guy?" 




"Do I have to remind you again that he is gay?" 




"I didn't mean it that way." She handed Brian a cup of coffee. " I mean he is really smart and a lot of fun to work with. It is pretty quiet in the office yet." 




"That will change soon. Daphne starts next week. I am going to call Ted and then we can discuss what we need to get done this week." Brian went into his office to make his call.  About 10 minutes later he came out. "Michelle, do you have any plans this week, besides work?" 




"Nothing but my martial arts class on Wednesday. Why?" 




"How would you like to fly to Pittsburgh with me.  You can meet Ted and Cynthia and they can show you some of the things they have been trying to explain over the phone. Ted has a couple things he needs me to physically take care of so thought you could come along." 




"Are you serious? That would be great!"  




"Good because Cynthia is getting us tickets for tomorrow morning. And now I better try to get a hold of Justin and let him know I am going to be gone part of the week we are getting ready to move." Michelle had to laugh at the face he pulled as he walked back into his office. 




Brian tried calling Justin 3 times the next hour.  Where was he? Around lunch time he tried again. Finally, the call was answered. "Hey, Sunshine, where ya' been?" 




There was a hesitation on the line. "Brian, this is Dillon. Ya' know from the studio."  




"Oh, sure, where's Sun..., I mean Justin?"  




"He just ran to the art supply store.  He has been in a real groove today. I had heard his phone ring several times but he didn't even notice." 




"Would you please tell him to call me when he gets back.  I need to let him know I am leaving town for a couple days." 




"I will pass that on." 




After Brian thanked him Dillon hung up.  Maybe this could be it.  Maybe Justin would finally have time to do something with him. Dillon realized he was really lonely in this big city where he didn't know anyone. He was sure he and Justin could find something in common.  Maybe they could go to a gallery together.' 




Justin came flying in the studio, supplies in hand. "Hey, Justin, hope you don't mind but your phone kept ringing and I saw it was Brian so I answered it.  You need to call him back. He said something about a trip." 




Justin snatched his phone away from him and went to his side of the studio.  He didn't really care that Dillon answered his phone. What he cared about was Brian leaving. 




"Where are you going," was the first thing out of his mouth when Brian picked up. 




"'Good afternoon to you, too, Dear. I see your other roomie told you." 




"Where and when are you going?" 
"I'm sorry, Sunshine, but I have to make a quick trip to Pittsburgh.  I have a couple things I need to do back there and Michelle needs to get a little training from Ted and Cynthia.  We are leaving tomorrow morning and we will be back by Wednesday evening.  I know, timing isn't great but I thought it was more important to be there with you in the new house next week than be with you at the apartment this week. You know I wouldn't go if I didn't have to and you know I will have to make a trip back once a month or so." 




" I know, Brian. Everything you just said makes sense.  I had hoped you would go to that gallery with me tomorrow night. The director has shown some interest in my work and I was hoping to lock down a showing of some kind." 




"I forgot about that. I can postpone the trip until the end of the week." 




"No, you need to take care of your business just like I am taking care of mine." 




"Maybe someone else could go with you.  How about Dillon? He obviously has an interest in art." 




"That's not a bad idea. I think I will ask him." 




"Will you be home on time tonight?" 




"I will make sure I am. Brian, I love you." 




"Love you, too, Sunshine." 




 




Justin walked to his studio mate's half of the space. "Hey, Dillon, do you have plans tomorrow night?" 




"Nothing worth mentioning. What's up?" Dillon had heard enough of the conversation with Brian that he had an idea what was coming. 




"Brian and I were going to the exhibit at the Lowell Gallery tomorrow night but he has to go out of town. I think it will be a good show.  It is a new artist that is really amazing.  I had contacted them last week about a show they are doing next month and need to drop off some samples while I am there." 




"Sounds like it would be a good evening.  I haven't done anything outside of work for a while." Dillon was trying to hide his excitement but it had been a long time since he had been out with a gorgeous man. 




"Great, I am guessing we should leave about 6:00.  We can pick up a sandwich on our way over. It's not far so we should be there by 7:00. " 




Justin went on with his work.  Dillon was too excited to get much done.  Yes, he spent every day with Justin but this was different.  They were going to spend the evening together. 




 




Brian felt bad that he was canceling on Justin.  Justin asked so little of him and gave him so much.  He was going to do something special tonight.  He made a few calls and told Michelle he had to leave by 5:00 this evening.   




Brian was very busy.  Everything was falling into place to get this business open at the beginning of the month.  He would have to talk to his friend, Emmett, while in Pittsburgh and see if he could come out here and do the open house for him.  He left himself a reminder. 




There was a knock on his door.  "Hey, Brian, it is almost 5:00." 




"Wow, thanks!  I kind of lost track of time taking care of all these details.  I will be glad when Daphne gets here next week. A lot of what I did today will be her job. Hey Michelle, how would you like to go out to dinner somewhere really nice?" 




"Ah, Boss, you know what that sounds like, right? I mean I would love to be seen on your arm anywhere in the city but I don't think that is what you had in mind." 




"I knew you were a smart girl! I want you out of the apartment until, let's say, 11:00 pm. Do you think Randy will go along with it?" 




"For a good meal, he will do anything.  Let me call him a minute." A couple minutes later she was back. "He's game." 




Brian had made a call himself while she was on the phone.  "Great! You have reservations for 7:30 at that new place around the corner." 




"The one that has a 3-month waiting list?  The one that costs a week's salary?" 




"Well, I hope I am paying you better than that but, yes, that one. I know the owner. He has my credit card number.  You 2 are set for the evening.  Just remember don't come back until 11:00 and then make sure all the candles get blown out." 




"When Justin told me about you I thought he was full of shit.  God, I wish you were straight!" 




Brian waved and laughed as he left to get the apartment ready. 




While making the reservations for Michelle and Randy he ordered a meal for them too.  He grabbed some flowers at the corner.  The restaurant was bringing wine with the meal and would set it outside the door at 8:00.  He stopped at the little corner drugstore and bought every candle they had.  That should do it.   




 




Justin was putting the last touches on the painting he had worked on all day.  He stepped back and nodded.  He would have to look at it again tomorrow but he thought it was finished.  Time to head home.  He was hoping Brian made it out of the office.  He would miss him the next couple days.  He wanted to spend the evening together, even if it had to be in his room. 




"See you tomorrow Dillon.  We will head out from here tomorrow night if that works for you." 
"Sounds good.  See you tomorrow." 




Dillon was a bit odd but he was easy to share a space with and he did some nice work.  Most artists were quirky.  That's all it was. 




Justin caught himself humming as he walked home.  He really wished he could tell Randy and Michelle to stay out for the evening but that wasn't fair to them.  It was there place, too.  Oh, well, starting next week they would have their own place. They would survive a few more days. 




Justin reached the building and took the elevator up.  As he got to the door he could swear he heard soft jazz coming from the other side.  Then he noticed a note stuck to it.  He took it off and read it.   




In Brian's distinctive handwriting it said, 'Justin, please knock." 




He reached up and wrapped on the door.  He wondered what Brian was up to. 




The door opened.  Brian stood there in his favorite pair of jeans and nothing else.  They were Justin's favorite too.  They seemed to almost be part of Brian when he wore them and if Justin was honest, they drove him crazy until he got Brian out of them.  




"Welcome home." He took Justin's hand and drew him in and against him.  Justin soaked in the heat from Brian's skin.  Brian lowered his head to meet Justin's waiting lips.  The soaked in each other's essence. When they finally parted lips Justin realized the whole apartment was lit with candles.   




"A, Brian, as much I would like to continue this out here we probably should take this back to my room." 




"We have plenty of time.  Your roommates won't be back until 11 at the earliest." 




"Well, in that case, Justin nearly crawled into Brian's jeans with him. In a matter of minutes, they had both lost all their clothes.  Brian pushed Justin down on the sectional and got on his knees between his legs.  He lowered his head and began very slowly licking Justin's manhood from the base to the tip.  Sometime he would nip as he went.   




"Brian, I can't hang on much longer.  Please...." Justin nearly lost control and Brian backed off. He licked up Justin's abdomen and then his chest. Soon Brian and Justin were laying on the sectional together.  




Brian suckled on Justin's earlobe and then in a quiet voice said, "I really want you inside me tonight. I want to feel you with me to Pittsburgh." 




If it was possible Justin was more turned on now. Justin got behind Brian and entered him slowly.  Brian wasn't on this end too often and he didn't want to cause him discomfort. He slowly began moving in and out. The speed increases as did the sounds coming from both men.   




As Justin thrust the last couple times he put his lips to Brian's ear. "I love you so much. I can't live without you!" At that moment they both orgasmed and fell into each other's arms.   




"I love you, too, Sunshine, I love you, too." They just laid there for a few minutes while their heartbeats returned to normal. "Are you hunger?" 




"Now that you mention it, I am starving. I haven't eaten anything since this morning. Should I call for a pizza?" 




"I think I can do better than that." Brian got up and walked to the door. It was just 7:30.   He hoped it was there.  As he opened the door he was eye to eye with the delivery girl.  She looked at his face and then her gaze traveled down the length of his naked body.  She blushed and stammered for words. 




"Brian, are you coming? What are you doing over there.? 




At the sound of Justin's voice, she took one more long look at Brian's nude, lean body. "Damn," she said with disappointment in her voice, "Why are all the best-looking ones taken? Good night." She said as she headed for the elevator. 




Brian brought the bag in and locked the door.  He had already set a couple plates out on the counter.  He grabbed them along with the wine glasses and headed back to the sectional where Justin still sat.  He set out several containers.  One had salad in it.  There were 3 different pasta dishes and a loaf of fresh bread with dipping oil.  Brian opened the wine and poured them each a glass. They both put some food on their plates and then ate and fed each other the wonderful food.  They talked comfortably about the past few weeks and the weeks to come.  As their stomachs were filled another hunger started to build again.   




Justin leaned over and kissed Brian's chest and suckled his nipple. "What do you say we take this back to the room?" 




"I think that is a perfect idea. You grab the wine.  I'll grab the dessert." 




"I didn't see any dessert!"   




"You will have plenty of opportunities to eat it.  I promise." 




They barely got the wine set down and they were in each other's arms again. They could not get enough of each other. It was like the first night they were together.  Their hands and lips were everywhere. And then like the first time, Brian entered Justin looking him in the eyes.  They truly were made for each other.   




A half hour later, they were sitting in bed sharing tiramisu. At first most of it was making it into their mouths by spoon but soon enough it was being liked off a nose and then out of a belly button and then a long streak of it ended up down Brian's chest and then on Justin's inner thigh. 




As their pulses started raising again, they looked at each other and Justin started giggling. "How old are we?"  Brian joined in as they just laughed. "What do you say we move this to the shower.  I am sticky from a variety of sources. " He smacked Justin on his bare backside.  




"I think that is an excellent idea.  Just think of all the fun we can have in our new shower!" They leisurely soaped each other down and helped rinse the soap off.  Then for the next 10 minutes they just held each other in the streaming water.  They eventually stepped out and dried each other off.   




Brian thought he heard a noise in the hall and glanced at the clock.  "I believe the roommates have returned." 




They crawled into bed and turned off the lights. As they laid there in each other's arms Justin put his head on Brian's shoulder.  "Thank you for tonight.  It could not have been any more perfect." He gave Brian a kiss but just left his lips touching those amazing lips. 




"Um, Justin, I hope you aren't planning anything more tonight because I need to get some sleep.  I have a flight to catch in the morning." 




Justin returned his head to Brian's shoulder. "Love you," he murmured as he slipped into a deep slumber. 

Chapter 8 by Simply written

Chapter 8 




As Justin woke up he instinctively reached for Brian but all he found was an empty space. He then heard some soft humming. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and thought about the night before.  For a man who wouldn't say he loved him or bring him flowers, this man was ridiculously romantic and he wouldn't have it any other way.  He had said it last night but he was sure it was true.  He couldn't live without this man.  He knew Brian was shaving from the sounds he heard.  He didn't make any noise as he walked across the room. He stood, naked, in the doorway with a towel wrapped around his waist. 




"Why didn't you wake me so I could wash your back?" 




Brian looked over at Justin and made a low rumble in the back of his throat.  "Because I don't have time to do what just crossed my mind." 




"Can you give me a hint of what that might be?" 




They both took a couple steps and Brian pulled Justin up against him, cupping his bare ass with his long fingers. He took a long time tasting Justin. "God, you taste amazing.  I love the way you taste almost as much as the way you look. But, I don't have time for this.  My plane won't wait and Michelle will be waiting for me soon." 




"I'll miss you." Justin said simply as he planted one quick kiss on Brian's ruby lips. 




"Thankfully it is only one night.  Just enough time to complete a couple things with Ted and for Michelle to spend some time in that office.  I plan to spend the evening with Michael checking on Babylon while I am in the city.  We should be back by 5 tomorrow. I hate that I am missing the show tonight.  I have seen your latest work and you deserve a show.  You deserve a private show but at least a shared one." 




"I think you are a little prejudiced but thanks." 




There was a soft knock on the door. "Brian, are you awake?" 




"Yes, I will be ready in 10." 




"OK, just checking." 




Ten minutes later, Brian was walking out the bedroom door. "Thanks for the wakeup call but I have to admit I am sure we both need a little more space between us.  Just a bit odd having my office staff at my bedroom door." 




They all laughed. After a quick kiss Justin was alone in the room to get ready for what could be the biggest night of his life. 




Justin jumped in the shower and got dressed.  He put a change of clothes to wear tonight in a duffel bag doing his best to keep it from getting wrinkled.  He arrived at the studio ahead of Dillon and went right to work.  He looked through his pieces and decided which ones to photograph to show the gallery manager. He took some of his favorite older ones but he knew his knew stuff it what he really wanted to show and what he thought people would want to see.  In the midst of taking the pictures he heard Dillion come in.  He was glad Dillon agreed to go with him.  He liked to have someone he knew there. 




As he was finishing up the pictures he heard his phone.  He knew it was Brian by the ringtone. "Hey," he said distractedly. 




"Hello, am I disturbing you?" Brian said laughing a bit.  He could picture Justin's demeanor today.  He would be so focused he wouldn't think of anything else. 




"Sorry, I was getting pictures organized.  Was just going to head out and get pictures made for my portfolio tonight. Oh, you must have made it to Pittsburgh." 




"Yes, we are in the taxi heading to the office.  I don't want to distract you but I wanted to let you know we made it. " 




"I'll miss you tonight but I understand why you had to go. Have fun with Michael at Babylon. 




"Call me when you get home tonight. I want to hear all about it. Love you!" 




"Talk to you later, Love you too!" 




 




Justin turned and nearly ran into Dillon.  "Oh, hey!  What's up? We still on for tonight?" 




"Yes, of course," Dillon responded.  "I wouldn't miss it. It will be nice getting to see the new work out there.  It may give me some new ideas."  Dillon was looking at Justin's work more closely than he had before.  He was really good.  Much better than his own work.  He really did have everything. 




"Great!  I have to go get some pictures printed.  I hope to be back by 3 so I have time to organize these.  See ya later." 




Dillon stood in Justin's area for a little while looking at the work around him.  Someday Justin was going to be famous and if he was lucky he would be there too. 




 




Brian and Michelle arrived at Kinnetik headquarters.  Michelle had heard about this place.  It was in some old bathhouse but now it was just a unique office space that showed the companies creativity.   




"Hey, Bri!" A voice from across the room called. Ted strode across the lobby. Ted patted Brian in a bit of an awkward movement.  




"Awe, give me hug.  You know you want to." They both laughed and gave each other a hug and quick kiss. "The place looks great.  Where's Cynthia?" 




"If you would quit sucking up to the COO you would see I am right here." Cynthia said from behind him. 




Brian gave her a hug and said. "Watch it.  I am still the boss even if I don't work here anymore."   




"Oh, sorry, Michelle.  As I am sure you have figured out this is Ted and Cynthia. This is Michelle.  Now you have a face to put with the voice you have been talking to." 




They all exchange handshakes and greetings.  Before Brian knew it Michelle was in Ted's office. 




Cynthia was still standing next to him.  They had been together for so long. Brian draped an arm around her shoulders and asked her how everything was going.   




"It is a bit quieter in here without you but it is going well.  How's Justin? I thought he might have come with you." 




"Next time hopefully.  He had to go to an art gallery tonight to see if they might show some of his work next time." 




"Wow, that sounds great.  From your calls and emails, it sounds like you two are doing well.  I mean, do I dare say, you sound like a man truly in love and content with it." 




Brian was quiet for a second.  "I have everything a man could want or need.  I can't think of anything better." 




She leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.  "I am so glad you woke up, Brian.  I was about ready to knock you side the head and I really needed to keep this job."  They both laughed and settled in Brian's office to get some work done. 




 




Justin got the prints he needed and was back at the studio.  He wanted to present them in the order they were painted because that meant something to him.  In some ways it showed the progression of his relationship with Brian.  "Hey, Dillon, can you come here for a minute?" 




Justin barely had the words out and Dillon was behind him.  He jumped.  It actually surprised him. God, that guy could be quiet.  I need your opinion. 




"Sure, what's the question?" Justin wanted his opinion.  That hadn't happened before. 




Justin showed him to different layouts for the pictures and Dillon gave him his opinion.  This could mean a major boost so everything had to be just right. 




"Oh, shit, I didn't realize what time it was.  We better get ready to go."  Justin stripped his shirt off without a second thought.   




Dillon stood there looking at Justin's well-formed body.  He was so hot.  All he could think about was what it would be like to kiss him but he knew better than that.  Stammering a bit, he said, "Ya, I have some clothes to put on too."  He hurried to his side of the studio and changed in the back behind a privacy screen while Justin finished changing where he was. 




Shortly, they were both changes.  Justin grabbed his portfolio and they were out the door. As they walked toward the gallery they talked about where they should eat along the way and they ended up stopping by a deli that had great pastrami.  Justin hadn't realized how nervous he was until he started eating.  He ate less than half of it and pushed it away. 




"You ok?" Dillon saw he wasn't eating." 
"Just nervous. Thanks again for coming.  With Brian out of town...." 




"That was pretty shitty of him to go out of town tonight."  




"No, I understand it.  He had to go sometime and since we are moving this weekend he needed to be here for that." 




Justin started talking to burn off some nervous energy.  He told Dillon about their new place and where it was. While Justin chattered Dillon finished his sandwich.  Dillon started to pull out his wallet but Justin said, "My treat.  You are doing me a favor and, face it, I have a feeling you have more struggle paying your bills than I do now." 




"Thanks, I do ok, but I don't have a sugar daddy, that's true."  




Justin had heard the tone of jealousy before but who wouldn't want Brian and he was glad he wasn't totally dependent on him anymore. 




The sidewalk had gotten more crowded and the closer they got to the gallery the harder it was to stay together. He was sure he felt Dillon's hand on the small of his back but he was sure it was just so they could stay together. 




The two men entered the gallery and immediately were sucking into the energy of the show.  It was very impressive.  Justin's confidence was waning as he walked next to Dillon. "Maybe I should forget about finding the manager.  I don't know if I am ready to compete with this kind of talent." 




Dillon was about to speak when an older gentleman walked up.  "It's Mr. Taylor isn't it?"  Justin recognized him immediately. It was the critic that wrote an article about his show in Pittsburgh.  He extended his hand in greeting.  "So, when is your first show going to be?" 




Justin patted the portfolio he had over his shoulder. " I am supposed to look up the manager while I am here." 




"Follow me." There was no please.  It was an order. Justin grabbed at Dillon and they both followed along.  The critic walked right up to the manager, interrupting his conversation with a patron.  "Peter, have you met Mr. Taylor? If not, you need to."  




Justin pulled himself together and offered his hand. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Scott. We spoke on the phone and I emailed pictures of some of my work." 




"Yes, I remember.  It looks like you might have some samples for me to look at."  




"I do," Dillon stepped up to help hold the portfolio.  "Oh, I am sorry.  This is Dillon Jones.  He shares studio space with me." The gentlemen all nodded at each other. 




"Let's step into the workroom for a minute so we can spread your work out. " 




Justin laid it out in the order he had decided on and Mr. Scott looked through them.  Justin was getting a little nervous.  He wasn't saying anything.  and he kept looking at the the first ones he did after getting to New York and then at the ones he had been working on recently. 




Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Peter Scott turned and looked at Justin.  "What happened?" 




"What do you mean what happened?" He was a bit confused. 




He pointed at 2 pictures. "What happened between these 2 pictures?  It is obvious you have great talent and deserve a show but something changed from this one to this one." He pointed between the last picture Justin painted before Brian moved here to the first picture Justin painted after he arrived. 




He had to smile.  "My boyfriend followed me here." He had nothing more to say.  Brian inspired him. 




"Well, I don't have any more time tonight to talk details but how about I come to your studio so I can see these in person and then we can discuss your upcoming show. Call me around 10 tomorrow morning." 




Justin didn't know what to say. "Sure, that sounds great."   




Peter Scott walked out of the room leaving Justin and Dillon alone. 




"Did you hear that?  Did he just say we would talk about my upcoming show.  I did hear that right, didn't I?"  




Dillon got a big smile on his face.  "That is what he said." 




Justin grabbed Dillon by the shoulders and gave him a big kiss. "I am going to have my first show!  I can't believe it.!" He grabbed Dillon's hands and kind of danced around in a circle. 




Dillon had to smile.  He liked seeing Justin this happy.  He liked being with him. 




They packed up Justin's pictures and after throwing his portfolio over his shoulder he linked arms with Dillon and they walked out to the street together.  They laughed and talked as they returned to their neighborhood.  Justin didn't know where Dillon lived but knew they were getting close to the street they would separate.   




"Thanks again for coming with me, Dillon.  I am so glad you were with me. I might have fainted or something stupid like that." 
"You would have been fine but I am glad I could be with you. When you become famous I can say I was there when." 




Justin impulsively gave him a hug.  "See you tomorrow." He started to jog the sidewalk to his apartment.   




Dillon stood there for a full minute watching Justin go down the block.  He thought to himself, 'Tonight may have changed my life." 




 




Justin couldn't even wait to get into the apartment before he called Brian.  He hoped Brian would hear the phone in Babylon.  He didn't always keep it on in there because he couldn't hear anyway.  It went straight to voicemail.  "Shit Brian, call me as soon as you get this.  I need to talk to you.  I mean I may explode if you don't call me back." 




Justin opened the door and headed back to his room. He kicked off his shoes and took off his shirt.  As he started unbuckling his belt his phone rang. 




"Brian!  Thank God you called me Why didn't you pick up when I called you?." 




"I am at Babylon, remember?  I had it on vibrate so I wouldn't miss the call but then went up to the private offices to call you back.  Where are you? What are you doing? Are you done at the gallery?" 
 
"I am in our bedroom and was just unbuckling my belt." 




"OK, let me get the image..." 




"Brian, I have something serious to talk to you about." 




"Sorry, Sunshine, what did you call about?  How did everything go.?  Did you wow them with your talent?"  




"I need to call Mr. Scott in the morning but I am getting a show!  He is coming by to see my actual paintings and we will discuss when it is happening!   I can't believe it!  I am going o have my own show!" 




"Your work is amazing! Of course, they want to do a show of it.  I couldn't have done it without you.  Hr. Scott could tell the difference in my work after you arrived.  I can't be fully me without you.  I have known that for years but now someone else proved it.! 

Chapter 9 by Simply written

 

Chapter 9 

Justin had a hard time sleeping that night. Not only was his adrenaline pumping from all the excitement but he missed Brian.  He really wanted to call him again.  Finally, about 2:30 he picked up the phone and hit #1.  Justin knew there was a possibility Brian wouldn't be alone.   He knew Brian loved him.  He never doubted that now but Brian still needed more sometimes and being apart it wouldn't surprise him if he had a companion.  "Sunshine, is everything ok?" Brian had the husky tone of sleep in his voice." 

"Oh, I am sorry.  I didn't expect you to be sleeping. You alone?"  

"Except for the 3 guys in bed with me, yes, I am all alone." 

A little thrill ran through his body.  Brian was alone in the loft. There was a day when it wouldn't have been unusual for Brian to have 3 guys there with him but by now he could tell Brian was alone. 

"You alright, Justin?" Brian's voice was low and smoky. "Did you need something?" 

"I just couldn't sleep and thought you might still be up." 

"Well, the longer you talk to me the more 'up' I am." Justin could picture Brian stroking that amazing cock he had. 

"Your voice seems to be having the same effect on me." Justin reached down to touch his own growing cock.  "It is not nearly as much fun in this bed alone." 

In a very low voice Brian spoke into the phone. "Justin, I want you to know I have my mouth wrapped around that marvelous dick of yours. And I am slowly and softly sucking that marvelous juice from it." 

"God, Brian, you are killing me here." 

"That is not my intention.  In fact, tomorrow night you better be very much alive!" Brian's tone told Justin that Brian, too, was about to cum. 

After they both had found release, Brian spoke first. "Goodnight, Sunshine. I love you.  Sleep well and I will see you for dinner tomorrow." 

"Good night, Brian. Please promise me you will never leave me for too long. I just can't live without you for more than a couple days. I love you so much it hurts sometimes." 

"Don't hurt.  I am not going anywhere long without you. Now, sleep. You have a big day tomorrow and we will celebrate when I get there. 

They both hung up and drifted off into restful sleep. 

The next day was a whirl wind for both Justin and Brian.  Brian and Michelle spent the morning with Cynthia and Ted.  Michelle got the basic outline on how Ted ran things and she picked up on it quickly.  Brian also locked down someone from his art department that was ready for a change and had enough experience to step up to lead the New York branch in that area.  At noon they were headed out the door for the long ride to the airport.  Michelle chatted about all she learned and Brian listened, glad his new employee was so excited about the position and she definitely had the skills to do the job.  She had impressed and that wasn't easy to do when it came to business. Soon they were waiting at the gate to board the plane back to New York. 

 

Justin got up and headed to the studio early.  He started organizing the pictures he wanted to show Mr. Scott.  He knew if a date was picked it would probably about 3 months out.  That was just how the art world worked and for good reason.  More painting would need to be done.  Some pictures needed to be framed. There were all kinds of decisions that would need to be made.   

 

He then calmed himself down.  He wasn't even sure if he was talking a solo show or a group show.  At 10:00 am he called Peter Scott.  He wanted to come over to the studio today if at all possible.  Would noon work? Justin gave him the address and went into full gear getting organized. In all the rush he hadn't even realized Dillon hadn't come in.  Oh, well, they didn't report to each other. He just thought Mr. Scott's visit might be a chance for Dillon to show some of his work too. 

 

After Mr. Scott left the studio at 3 pm Justin just sat on the stool by his work table.  He couldn't believe this.  He was going to have a show 12 weeks from last night.  It wasn't actually a solo show.  An up and coming sculptor was going to do her thing while Justin did his.  There was no competition between the two.  All he could think was he needed to tell Brian. He needed to see Brian.  He needed to be fucked by Brian! 

 

As Justin walked home he thought, two more nights in the apartment with an 'audience'.  Audience wasn't the right word but it had been a little confining with 2 roommates.  As Justin came around the corner near the apartment he saw a familiar face. "Daphne!" The two old friends hugged.  "What are you doing here?"  

 

"I just finished my internship this afternoon and am heading back to Pittsburgh for the rest of the week.  I will be back to start work bright and early on Monday.  I just hoped I could drop a few things off at the apartment. 

 

"Why are you dropping stuff off at the apartment?" 

 

"Didn't they tell you? I am taking over your room once you are out." 

 

"I hadn't heard that yet but that's great!  I hated leaving them a roommate short." Justin grabbed a couple of bags at Daphne's feet and they headed to the elevator.  "Daphne, I can't wait any longer to tell someone and I haven't seen Brian yet and..." 

 

'Whoa, slow down and take a breath.  I know you well enough that I know this is a good thing.  So, what has gotten you acting like a 17-year-old again?" 

 

"You have to first promise if Brian is here that you won't tell him I told you first." 

 

"Good, Lord.  What is this high school all over?  I promise I won't tell your hunky boyfriend and my hunky boss a thing.  WHAT IS IT?" 

 

"I got a show.  I mean a real show.  I mean a really BIG show." 

 

Daphne squealed which just added to Justin's excitement. Before Justin could fill in all the details the elevator doors opened and they walked to the apartment. "I'll give you details, later." 

 

Brian hadn't arrived home yet but had texted earlier that he was had landed.  Traffic must have held him up. "Daphne, you know I love you, right?" Justin looked at her with a puppy dog face. 

"But you want me out of here when Brian gets here?" 

"Do you mind?" 

"No, since I have no love life right now the last thing I want to see is you two maul each other.  I'll just leave may bags over here in the corner." 

"You are the best, Daph.  Love you.  We will have lunch or dinner sometime next week so I can fill you in on everything." 

"Love you, too, Justin.  Talk to you soon." 

As Daphne walked up to the elevator the doors opened and Brian stepped out. "Hey, Brian, how was your trip?" 

"It went well.  Michelle has a lot of information for the two of you and we have an Art Director coming up Monday. Are you in a rush? Why you don't stay a while and we can talk business for a while." 

"I would love to, Brian, but I have been friends with Justin much longer than you have been my boss. Trust me, I am not needed." Brian lowered his head for the kiss Daphne offered as she stepped on the elevator. 

 

As Justin as heading back to his room, he thought he heard s key in the door.  He turned to see Brian coming in. Brian tossed his overnight bag in a chair near the door. He said, " Hey, what's up with Daphne? I asked her to come back in with me but she....." 

 

Justin literally launched himself down the hall and nearly scaled Brian like you would a mountain.  Their lips locked for a kiss filled with excitement. 

 

"OK, so I guess I should go away more often." Brian smiled. 

 

"Don't you dare!" 

 

"I am guessing some of this excitement is about your meeting today not just the fact I was gone for 36 hours." 

 

"I got it!  I got a show! I have 3 months to get it ready." 

 

As the words flew from Justin's mouth Brian heard sculptor, paintings, promotion.  It didn't matter what words were coming out of Justin's mouth.  The look on his face said it all. He ensconced Justin in his arms and captured that beautiful smile with his own lips.  Separating, Brian said, "Where should we go to celebrate?" 

 

"Right now, the only place I want to go is...." Justin took Brian's hand and led him down the hall to their bedroom. 

 

"I like the way you think, young man!" He physically lifted Justin off his feet and as they kissed he carried him into the room and kicked the door shut. There was no slow seduction.  They ripped at each other's clothes wanting nothing between them. Justin pushed Brian off balance and he landed on the bed.  Justin started pulling at his pants until they were in a pile and Justin took just a second to look at the marvelous man.  He was so beautiful.  Every inch of him was perfection. He then started at Brian's knees and licked up his inner thighs.  He went around Brian's growing member, not touching it in any way.  He spent time at his navel, running his tongue around it, nipping at the skin on the edges. 

 

Brian let out a groan. "Are you trying to kill me?" 
" I am not even close to done with you.  I plan to taste every inch of you." 

 

"I can tell you the inches I want you to taste!"  He began to arch Justin straddled his stomach and continued his way up.  He spent time on each nipple and then up his neck and along Brian's jawline, avoiding his lips.  He very lightly kissed Brian's eye lids. "Justin, seriously, I am in a situation here.  God, ah, fuck it."  Moving very quickly Brian flipped and Justin was on the bed on his stomach. Brian started between his shoulder blades and using his tongue began working his way down.  He remembered the first time he and Justin were together nearly 5 years ago. He kept moving down until his tongue was lubricating Justin.  Now Justin was the groaning. "Turn over," Brian said quietly. Justin did and, with no hesitation Brian entered Justin.  He didn't have to move as slowly as he did that night but he still started with steady thrusts.  He bent and kissed Justin frequently and eventually they were looking into each other's eyes as they gave way to the need they both needed relief from.   

 

Brian collapsed on top of Justin as they lay there trying to get their breathing back to normal. Brian rolled to his side, taking Justin with him.  "God, I missed that last night." It often amazed Brian how deeply he felt for Justin.  he never thought he would have feelings like this.  In fact, he had been sure he couldn't love or be loved. He realized Justin was looking at him. "Um, something wrong." 

 

"No.  You just had a faraway look on your face. Where were you?" 

 

"I was in a place I will never be again thanks to you." He pulled Justin close and pressed his lips to his forehead. "Now that we got that out of our systems, for the time being anyway, where do you want to go to celebrate?" 

 

"I don't know." Justin laughed, "All I could think about was this! I would say dancing but it is the middle of the week and we both have to work tomorrow.  And in less than 2 days we have to be ready to move. We could just watch a movie here and order pizza. But if you feel like going out, that's fine with me, too." 

 

"Actually, staying in sounds great." With a cynical tone in his voice he said, "Do you think the roommates will join us?" He really didn't mind.  He really didn't mind but he was ready to get into their own place.  

 

"Let's just order a couple larges.  Whenever they show they can eat some. Let's check out what we can watch."  They found some old comedies to watch while they ate pizza and drank wine.  Randy and Michelle both turned up and joined them.  As the evening progressed Brian and Justin had ended up under a blanket.  At first, they were sharing quick kisses and sliding a finger down an arm or cheek but soon they both had their hands under the blanket. 

 

Michelle and Randy looked at each other and rolled their eyes. Michelle finally said, "I got this. Ted told me a few things about Brian the last couple days." This caught Brian's attention. "Brian, I know you are my boss, but in this situation, I think I have the right to say, "Go to your room.  Don't you two ever get tired of fondling each other." She held up her hand. "Don't answer that. Just go to bed so we won't have to watch even if we will have to listen." 

 

Brian stood up and pulled Justin to his feet. "Don't try this at the office," he said looking at Michelle.  He planted a kiss on top of her head. "I don't care what Ted and Cynthia told you."  With that Brian picked Justin up, threw him over his shoulder, and spanked his ass as he walked back to the bedroom. 

 

Chapter 10 by Simply written

Chapter 10 




The next few days were a blur of setting up the office, working on art, and packing clothes.  Although it wasn't far Brian hired a car to move their suitcases and the few boxes of other personal items. Brian had, also, had some boxes shipped from Pittsburgh. Now it was time to make it their home.  They put the clothes and bathroom supplies away.  They had some groceries delivered and set up the kitchen together.  They made it their home together.  By mid-afternoon they were both ready to relax for a while.   




Brian grabbed a bottle of wine out of the refrigerator and uncorked it while Justin cut up some fruit and cheese.  They took their refreshments out to the garden to relax. Sitting down by their little bistro table they sipped the wine and munched on the snack.  




"Now this is what I hoped to see," Dan said from across the courtyard.  "Someone enjoying our little piece of paradise in the city. You almost forget you are in the middle of a huge city. 




Both Brian and Justin said hi as he came across the garden.  "Hey, Dan, pull up a chair and join us," Brian greeted.  




"I'll grab a glass for you," Justin said as he walked to the door. He returned with another glass as well as a second bottle of wine.  He poured some burgundy liquid into the stemware and handed it to Dan.  




"Thanks, I really came over to invite you to dinner. I thought we could grill some steaks and have a salad.  Andre's picking up some dessert on the way home. I thought we could use the jacuzzi after we eat." 




Brian and Justin looked at each other and both nodded.  "Sounds great," Justin said as he bit into a piece of apple. Brian grabbed Justin's hand and wrapped his lips around the remaining piece of apple.  He slowly licked Justin's finger of all the remaining juices. 




"God, are you always like this?  I just got a rise watching that." 




Brian and Justin laughed.  "Well, not always," and at that they leaned into each other.  Their lips met and tongues entwined. 




"Well, boys, if you keep that up I am going to have to join you soon." 




Justin broke away.  "We might be able to arrange that later. Right now, I am going to finish unpacking the last couple boxes."  




Justin walked in the house but watched from the door.  Dan moved closer to Brian with a little gleam in his eye.  "Dan, have a seat.  We need to discuss the rules of the game."  Justin smiled as he headed to the kitchen. 




 




Dinner with Dan and Andre was enjoyable.  The steaks were done perfectly.  There was chocolate mousse for dessert which Brian politely declined.  "I'll take his."  Justin chimed in.   




"When I was your age I would have done the same thing," Andre stated as he dished up the dessert.  As the conversation continued Brian stuck his finger in Justin's dessert and licked off the creamy chocolate fluff.  Justin took a spoonful of the dessert and fed it to Brian. He moaned as it slipped into his mouth.  




Andre started laughing, "You know him well, don't you." 




"That's why I ask for extra.  He always says no but he always eats mine." Justin said. 




Brian stuck his finger back into the dessert and this time put it on Justin's nose.  He then proceeded to lick it off which only continued the fun. 




Dan looked over at Andre.  "Didn't I tell you they could get anyone horny?" This got all of them laughing. "Can I suggest we take this to the jacuzzi?" Andre was already on his feet, stripping of his shirt as he walked to the tub tucked in the corner of the garden.  "Come join us if you like." Dan said as he followed his lover. 




Brian looked at Justin.  "I know you talked to Dan. No, I didn't stand there and listen, I just heard the beginning." Justin stood and pulled Brian to his feet.  "Thank you! Let's go and have some fun. I am game where ever it takes us. And trust me, you letting me make the call is definitely going to benefit you later!" He gave one of his Sunshine smile and pulled at Brian's shirt as they walked.  "You have to be neighborly." 




 




The rest of the weekend flew by.  Justin set up a small studio area in the spare room so if he got inspired at home he had a place to go.  There was a small office area off the dining area that Brian set up for working at home.  The two made a home.  It wasn't Brian's place.  It wasn't Justin's apartment.  It was theirs. And it felt right. 




 




Monday morning Brian headed to the office to get Daphne started in her new position and Justin headed to the studio. As he arrived he remembered he Dillon hadn't showed up for a few days. He hadn't seen him since the night they went to the gallery. He hoped nothing was wrong. As he unlocked the space he heard music inside and saw Dillon in his area working away. 




"Hey, Dillon, where ya been? I was hoping nothing had happened when you missed a couple days." 




Dillon looked at Justin with a warm smile. "Sorry I worried you." He gave Justin a quick hug. " I needed to go see my mom for a couple days."  




"You don't owe me an explanation.  Just glad nothing had happened." 




Dillon smiled, "You are the first person I am getting to know in the city.  I don't make friends easily so I don't always know how to respond." 




"Hey, it is great for me to have a friend into art like me.  That way Brian doesn't always have to feel obligated to come along to events if you are interested." 




"Any time," He eagerly responded. 




Justin went on to tell him about the show he had scheduled after meeting with Mr. Scott.  "I don't want to take you away from your own work but the last month before the show I might need some help getting things together, framing, etc.  Would you be interested?  I have seen your work and know you have the skills I will need. The gallery is willing to pay you.  You won't get rich but it will make up for taking you away from your studio time." 




Dillon's face lit up.  "That would be great.  I would love to." 




The two young men parted and started working in their own space.  Dillon had to admit he was having a hard time focusing on his work.  His mind was too busy thinking about the show and Justin. 




 




Time moved quickly as Brian was planning a big opening for his office the week before Justin's show.  They figured the two big events and then they would take a long weekend away. They would need it. They didn't get near enough time together but they still had the ritual of showering together almost every morning just to connect physically and mentally for the day. 




 




Brian felt good about his new office.  His staff was very young but he liked that.  They were full of new ideas and open to try things.   If he wasn't mistaken there might be a budding romance between Daphne and Gale, the art director that had relocated from Pittsburgh.  They were being very professional but he had seen a couple gestures and glances that told him something might be up between them.  He really wasn't worried about that being an issue but he would bring it up to each of them separately just to make sure they all understood his position.  He remembered when Justin did an internship at his previous job.  He knew it was possible to do a good job even when in a relationship with a coworker but he just didn't want either of them to leave if it didn't work out. 




 




Justin couldn't believe how fast the time was going.  There were times he wondered if he should have asked Dillon to help him. He wasn't sure what it was.  One-minute Dillon was almost overly helpful and the next minute he seemed to resent Justin's good fortune.  He decided maybe they should have lunch and just talk it out. "Dillon, you have lunch plans today?"  




"No, nothing special, what's up? 




"How about coming over to my place.  We have a refrigerator full of food and beer.  I thought we could go over some of what I have planned for the exhibition." 




"Sure, sounds good." 




A couple hours later Dillon and Justin were taking the short walk to Brian and Justin's home.   Justin punched in the gate code and they walked into the courtyard.  Dillon stopped and looked around. "You live here?  This is amazing! I am surprised you even come to the studio when you could paint in a place like this." 




Just then Dan walked out of his place.  "Hey, Justin." He walked over to them.  "Guess it is lunch time, isn't it."  Justin introduced Dillon and the three men shared some pleasantries. "I won't bother you.  I was just going to make some phone calls in the sunshine.  I have been spending too much time inside." He went back to sit on his patio. 




Justin opened the door and showed Dillon in.  He pulled the makings for sandwiches out on the counter and they assembled sandwiches.  They each grabbed a drink and Justin grabbed a bag of chips as they went out on to the patio to eat.  Dillon pulled Justin's chair out for him and after they had both sat down he reached over and opened Justin's drink. 




From across the garden Dan couldn't help but watch.  That Dillon guy was an odd one.  He noticed how he doted on Justin.  He was fairly sure there was some crushing going on there but he was sure Justin could handle it.  He was sure Justin could handle most anything. 




"Hey, Dillon, one of the reasons I wanted to have lunch was I just wanted to make sure you were still ok with helping me out with the show.  I thought a couple times when I asked for some help I might have been taking you away from something you would rather be doing. If you've changed your mind that is fine.  We're cool. I just would need to get someone else lined up." 




Dillon barely let the words get out.  "No, I am so sorry if you thought that.  I didn't mean to give you that impression. I love working with you." He reached out and put his hand on Justin's shoulder.  "Your work is so amazing.  Maybe I am a little jealous and didn't realize it." 




From his seat, Dan saw Dillon reach toward Justin.  He could see Dillon's body language change. That guy was really strange.  Almost scary somehow.  He needed to talk to Justin and Brian about him.  He had worked in security before he went to the mundane field of real estate and this guy got his warning bells ringing. 




Dillon and Justin headed back to the studio and Dan couldn't throw the feeling.  He called Brian but got his voice mail.  He had the office number somewhere.  He punched it in.  Was he just being overly suspicious?  He wasn't willing to risk that.  The phone rang and he heard the voice of a young woman pick up.  "Kinnetiks, this is Daphne." 




"May I speak to Brian, please." 




"May I ask who is calling? Daphne responded.  She was standing next to Brian but knew better than to just pass the caller on. 




"This is Dan.  I guess you would say I am his landlord and neighbor." 




"Hold please." Daphne looked over at Brian.  "Do you know a Dan, your landlord?" 




"Oh, sure.  It is fine if you put him through in the future." Brian picked up the line. "Hey, Dan. What's up?" 




Dan jumped right into his concerns. "Brian how well do you know Justin's friend, Dillon?" 




Brian heard the concern in Dan's voice and he, too, felt something in the pit of his stomach. "I've met him a couple times.  I always thought he was different but he's an artist. A lot of Justin's friends could be considered weird. How did you meet him?" 




Dan went on to explain what he saw. "I didn't mean to be spying on them, and I wasn't because they knew I was there but something looked really off from where I sat.  At first, I thought it was a crush which I know Justin could deal with but as time went on I saw things that told me it could be more.  Since Justin is with him, I didn't want to call him." 




By now Brian was on his feet and pacing. "Thanks, Dan.  I think I will head over to the studio and say hi." 




"Brian, what's wrong.  Did something happen to Justin?  I could hear part of that.  What is going on?" 




"Dan met Dillon and just didn't like him.  I told him it was probably just the fact he is an artist." He didn't want to worry Daphne but she saw through him. 




"You aren't telling me everything but right now you need to go check on Justin.  Call me after you see him." Daphne gave Brian a little hug and he was out the door. 




 




 Justin and Dillon walked back to the studio.  Justin was getting a different feeling off of Dillon. He had touched Justin's arm a couple times as they walked and at one-point Justin thought Dillon was going to put his arm around him. As they arrived at the studio Justin opened the door.  




Dillon said, "Thanks for lunch.  I hope we can do this again sometime soon." Dillon reached for Justin for what he assumed was a kiss. 




"Um, Dillon, what are you doing?" 




"Well, I thought we had lunch.  You asked me to keep working with you.  I assumed..." 




"Dillon, you know I am with Brian.  You just saw our place. You know I love him.  I thought you..." 




"But you asked me out.  You want me to work with you." Dillon's voice began to rise and he was visibly agitated. 




Justin slipped back a step trying not to be obvious but wanting to be a little farther away.  He wasn't sure where this was coming from. He hadn't led Dillon on in anyway. "Dillon, I am sorry if I..." 




"You want me to work with you.  You want me. I want you."  By now his voice was raised and he had a wild look in his eye. 




 




Brian had grabbed a cab and as he made the trip tried to figure out what he was going to say.  If Dillon was a threat he didn't want to set him off. He was just going to play it cool, just passing by.  It probably wasn't anything to worry about. As he walked up to the studio he heard Dillon's voice and it was rising. He heard the words want you. He pulled the keys out of his pocket and fumbled for the one that would open this door. He unlocked it as quietly as he could and then burst through the door. 




"Hey, Justin, I thought I would surprise you."  Brian's loud interruption took Dillon by surprise. Brian immediately got himself placed between Dillon and Justin. He made quick eye contact letting Justin know he knew what was going on.  Once he felt he was in a good spot he focused on Dillon.  "Hey, Dillon. You seem a bit upset.  Is there something I can help with?" 
"You shouldn't be here.  This is Justin and my place. Justin wants me." 




As Dillon spoke Brian motioned Justin behind his back.  He wanted him safely out the door but Justin wasn't budging.  He wasn't leaving this crazy guy in the studio with his work. He took a step closer to Dillon.  "Dillon, you're right.  I did, I do want you.  I was going to tell Brian tonight." 




Brian wasn't sure why Justin was doing this but he could tell Dillon wasn't following him so he stepped out of his line of vision and called the police. With as few words as possible Brian got the message to them. 




Justin kept talking to Dillon and started asking him some questions.  "Hey, Dillon, have you talked to your mom lately?" 
"No, not since I saw her.  I told her about you.  I told her we were in love." 




"When can I meet her?" Talking about his mom seemed to be calming him down.  Helping him focus. 




"You don't really want to meet her, do you? I kind of went crazy didn't I."  




Justin and Brian both could see a change in Dillon.  "Dillon, do you take something that helps you … well, helps you think straight." 




"Yes," He said quietly. "I am sorry.  I just went a little crazy didn't I.  I know we aren't together. I know you love Brian." 




By now, Brian had stepped up behind Justin and put a hand on his shoulder. Then he saw the police outside the door and stepped out to tell them what had gone on leaving one officer at the door to keep an eye on Dillon. 




"Dillon, how about I call your mom. She lives close, doesn't she?" He nodded and handed Justin his phone.   




The officer stepped in and Justin stepped away.  He called the number that said mom.  He explained who he was and what had happened.  His mom started apologizing on the phone.  She had worried he might do something.  She would meet them at the police station.   




The police led Dillon away after Brian and Justin assured them they would be at the station in a little while. 




Brian rushed in and wrapped Justin in the security of his arms.  "Are you ok? What were you thinking? Why didn't you leave when you had a chance?" He captured Justin's quavering lips in a kiss. "Oh, Fuck, I was so scared." 




Justin quit shaking in the comfort the security Brian gave him.  "I couldn't leave him in here with my work. I started see his face kind of flipping from one look to another so I thought I would try to get the normal Dillon back. I guess it worked." 




They stood there holding on to each other for a few more minutes until Brian's phone started ringing. "Oh, shit, that's the office.  I was supposed to call Daphne."  He answered the phone and assured Daphne everything was fine now.  No one got hurt and they would explain everything to her soon. 




Arm in arm the strode out and waved down a cab. Brian gave the cabby the address and collected Justin in his arms. 




 

Chapter 11 by Simply written

Chapter 11 




It had been a long night when Dillon had gone off the deep end.  But in the end no charges were pressed and Dillion's mom had taken him home to watch over his treatment until he was back to a balanced state.  The gallery had gotten a new assistant for Justin the next day and life went back to normal.  Justin had finally asked Brian why he had stopped by that day and found out Dan had call.  Brian and Justin didn't know how to thank him enough.  It could have been so much worse.  Justin may have been able to talk Dillon down but they were both glad he didn't have to do it on his own. 




Now they were focusing on Brian's open house.  Justin's show was basically ready.  The details that were left were mostly up to the gallery so he could support Brian. Brian knew what was needed for a party and had delegated different jobs weeks ago.  Emmett, their great friend from Pittsburgh, was arriving today to do a majority of the party.  He was an excellent party planner and both Brian and Justin felt comfortable with him in charge.  Ted and Cynthia were also coming as officers from headquarters.   




The office staff all were assigned tasks.  Even Justin was given something to do.  He was supplying a couple of his pictures to decorate the walls at the agency.  He had shown Brian some options and from his choices Justin decided what would work best for the spots.  Brian trusted his decisions. That wouldn't have been true even a year ago. Their relationship had come a long way in the 5 almost 6 years they had known each other.  He really had been young when they had met, just a kid.  It was hard to believe how far they both had come in that time.  Brian was opening his second office and Justin was having his first big show.  That just wasn't heard of for someone under 25. 




Although most people hadn't noticed it Justin could see Brian's nerves.  Justin surveyed the office and everything seemed to be going smoothly.  He walked up to Daphne and gave her a hug. He loved this girl. "Is everything going as smoothly as it looks?" 




"Right now, it appears to all be under control.  I know when Emmett gets here it will be a whirlwind." She looked over at Brian who was pacing from one place to another.  "Please tell me you are going to get him out of here the rest of the day.  He will start driving us all crazy soon with nothing to do the rest of the day.  Tomorrow he will have work to do with Ted and Cynthia so today is going to drive him crazy." 




"That was exactly what I was thinking.  I will get him to take me to lunch and I promise I will keep him busy all afternoon." 




Daphne laughed, "Sounds great. And I want details later.  I miss getting your detailed sexcapade reports." 




"You got it Daph!" If you need him I will keep my cell phone handy but we will not be at home.  I will be back in 30 minutes to take him off your hands. 




Justin ran to their place and grabbed a change of clothes for each of them.  He made a phone call and got back to Kinnetik right on time.  As Justin walked in the front door Daphne noticed a limo outside. He winked at her when he passed her.  He walked into Brian's office and pulled him out of his seat.  "You are coming with me." 




"I am? And where might we be going?" Brian looked a little annoyed and a little intrigued at the same time." 




"We are going to have lunch in style." He put his arms around Brian's waist and seductively ground his hips into Brian's groin. "We might have some time for a few other things if you come along with me." He pointed to the door where the limo was visible. We might even be able to start in the back of that." 




Brian grinned.  "You drive a hard bargain."  He followed Justin out of the office.  He stopped by Daphne's desk on his way out. "I will be back in maybe two hours." He smiled at Justin and turned toward the door.   




Justin gave Daphne a quick hug.  In her ear he said, "I got him until tomorrow around 10:00." 




"Enough, you two. Sorry, Daph you had your shot with him.  He's mine now." Brian pulled Justin in and gave him a kiss that shook both of them to their toes.  They barely had the door shut before Justin had Brian's fly open and cock out.  He took it all in his mouth and slowly moved his head up and down. His tongue was swirling around the tip and then all the way down to the base.  He sucked gently. Brian began to writhe and soon was giving Justin his appetizer before lunch.  




Justin slid up Brian's long torso and kissed him. "Hope that was a good start to our little adventure." 




"What are you talking about, Justin?" 




"Let's just say Daphne wanted me to get rid of you for the day. As much as we all love you, you were getting on everyone's nerves.   




"Oh, I was huh?" He started tickling Justin as it was his turn to writhe even if it was for a different reason. 




It wasn't long before the car slowed and then stopped. Brian got out and started laughing. They were standing in front of a hotel.  "I thought it was time we spent a whole night here this time." They were standing in front of the hotel Justin had run to five years ago when he was unsure of his life. "I hope you don't mind I got us a suite this time. Our lunch should be waiting for us in our room. " Justin reached up and gave pulled Brian's mouth down to his.  Before the kiss was over half the lobby had stopped to watch the men.  




"Do we need to get our room key?" Brian questioned. 




"I already have it in my pocket...if you want to get it out." They stumbled onto the elevator. 




"I think we may have caused enough disruption for 1:00 pm but let's see if I can find that key now? Brian first put his hands in the back pockets of Justin's pants, squeezing and massaging each globe. He then turned Justin around and reached into his front pockets, but the card key was not what he was reaching for. 




 Justin brought his head back to Brian's shoulder and sighed.  "We better not go any further until we get in the room."  Justin took a couple deep breaths gaining a little composure.  




The elevator doors opened and the two of them stumbled off.  "This was a great idea.  After Dillon and the stress we both have been under so much stress.  This was a great idea." Justin handed the card to Brian and the door opened. They walked in and collapsed on the king-sized bed. They lay on their backs fingers entwined.  "I love you, Sunshine." 




"I can't live without you, Brian, so please don't plan on going anywhere without me." Justin rolled on top of Brian and kissed him once.  "Now I don't know about you but I am going to need some energy to do everything I have planned for the evening. Let's eat lunch.   




As they ate they talked about the open house on Friday and about Justin's show the next week. It was so nice to just be able to relax for a while.  They finished lunch and Justin stood and started taking off his shirt.   "What, no foreplay Just going to drop your clothes and expect me to perform?" Brian smiled from ear to ear. 




"Well, I actually have plans that may or may not include you. Totally your option. Justin strode to the suite's bathroom and Brian followed.  There was a large spa tub in the middle of the room.  Justin turned on the water and started to swivel his hips as he walked up to Brian.  "Well, can I entice you to join me?" He swayed his hips as he pulled Brian's shirt out of his waist.  He began to unbutton each button.  When one was open he would lean in and kiss the skin below. When the buttons were open Justin reached out and pushed it off Brian's shoulders. He went behind him and took the shirt off completely as he kissed several spots along his shoulder blades. Brian turned around to face him and undid Justin's fly. Brian was soon on his knees in front of him returning the pleasure Justin had given him in the limo. 




"I hate to …..hate to ...stop....you but.....water...tub." Justin reached over and turned off the water. Brian leaned Justin over the edge of the tub and continued his efforts. Justin was soon ejaculating into Brian's warm throat.  




They crawled into the tub where Justin sat in front of Brian and leaned against him. It was warm and comfortable and soon they had both dozed off.  Sometime later Justin woke up and after moving back and forth a few times Brian's lax arms tightened around him. He brought his mouth up to Justin's ear. "Are we ready for another round?" Justin turned around wrapping his legs around Brian's waist and the games began again. 




Sometime later they strode out of the bathroom. "Um, Justin, are we just going to put on our same clothes again tonight and then again in the morning." He chuckled a little but there was a note of uncertainty too. 




"Would I plan something half-assed like that?" He walked over to the wardrobe and prayed the steward had gotten the clothes up there.  He opened the doors and hanging there were outfits for tonight.  "I figured in the morning we can stop by the house before heading into the office since I wasn't sure what suit you would want. 




Brian pulled Justin's naked body against him.  "Maybe we won't need clothes after all."  




"Oh, yes we do.  I have reservations for us at 7:00.  And then I plan to make you take me dancing!" 




And so the evening went.  They came back to the suite around midnight and fell into bed. It was long before they were sound asleep comfortable in each other's arms. 




What was that noise?  Both Justin and Brian woke up at the same.  The clock said 6:15. Why was the wakeup call coming in now? Then they realized it was Justin's cell.  He reached for it and hit the button to answer. "Hello? Pause What?  Pause How? Ok, We should be there in about an hour." 




By now Brian was sitting up. "What it is? Something happen? 




"Ya ,that was Dan. Someone broke into our place." He called the police but we need to get back as soon as we can so they can figure out was taken.  




Ten minutes later they were in a town car heading across the city. Brian was asking more questions but Justin really didn't have any answers. Dan hadn't had much information when he called and when they tried calling him back he didn't answer. 




The car dropped them off at their place there was a policeman at the gate. They told him who they were and he let them pass warning them not to touch anything. Brian and Justin walked back in a bit of daze.  As the got to the courtyard they could see every light was on in their house.  A man they figured was a detective walked up to them and they introduced themselves.  




"Glad you are here.  This is really kind of a weird case.  We can't tell if anything is missing.  It looks like someone went in and made themselves a sandwich.  It then appears he/she took a shower and then may have slept in your bed for a while.  I know Goldilocks was the first thing we thought of."  




As they walked into the house it was almost creepier than if things were missing. Once they were inside, Dan came up and gave them each a quick hug.  "I am so sorry we didn't notice anything.  We got the message you were going to be gone for the night but when we noticed the light we just figured you changed plans.  It's like whoever it was knew the gate code. The broke a pane of glass to get into the house but they went around to the back so we didn't hear it.  My first thought was Dillon.  Do you know where he is?" 




That froze both Justin and Brian in their tracks. Dillon.  Just then Justin's cell phone rang.  He glanced at it and immediately answered it. After yeses and oks, Justin said thank you and hung up.  




"That was Dillion's mom.  He has disappeared. He left his mom's while she slept. She has no idea where he is. 

Chapter 12 by Simply written

Chapter 12 




The rest of the morning was a bit of a blur.  There was nothing missing in the house except for some of Justin's clothes. It had to be Dillon.  The police checked the studio.  They could tell someone had been in there but nothing seemed to be missing and most of Justin's work was at the gallery.  The gallery had security and no one had gotten through it, but an alarm had been triggered this morning before they were open. All that meant was he was still in the area. 




Dan walked up to Brian and Justin. "OK guys, I hope you don't mind but I talked to some friends in security.  You aren't leaving here until you have someone with you.  This guy is unstable and obsessed with Justin, which also makes him a threat to you, Brian. I also have gotten a couple guards on their way to Kinnetik.  You might want to let them know." 




"Dan, I really need to get over there.  I need to let all of them know what is going on.  All I have told them is there was some trouble and that I would be late." Brian's concern for his staff and friends was evident. 




Justin's concern was showing on his face as he stood there.  "Daphne is there.  Emmett will be there and soon Cynthia and Ted will be there." 




"We don't want to jump to conclusions.  We have no reason to think he is armed at this time. Just because he has become obsessed with you doesn't mean he is a danger to anyone else." The detective said this but both Justin and Brian saw the look that passed between Dan and the policeman.  They were concerned. 




The office was called and put on lockdown until the protection detail got there.  No one they didn't recognize got in. Soon Dan was introducing the security detail he had for Justin and Brian and was reviewing some dos and don'ts with them.  "I think I am being overly precautions but I think we all agree that we need to be right now.  If you didn't have 2 big events coming up I would say get out of town for a few days because he will show up but I know that can't happen right now. So, please, follow the rules." He looked Brian in the eye as he said this.  "Don't do anything alone outside the office.  I will take care of the house.  Before the end of the day I will have more security installed. I will stop at the office once I have codes and keys for you." 




"Thanks, Dan.   We owe you again," Justin said sincerely.  "I don't know how I am going to repay you." 
Dan got a twinkle in his eye, "When all this is cleared up and Dillon is locked up getting the help he needs, I am sure I can think of ways you two gentlemen can repay me." This broke the tension in the air and they all laughed. 




Brian and Justin were given the OK to go back into their bedroom.  They both changed and then walked into each other's arms without a word and held each other. 




"Brian, please do what Dan said today. We don't know how crazy Dillon could be. If anything happened to you because of me....." He pulled Brian's head down and their lips met. "I am so sorry this is interfering with your opening." 




"Justin, you didn't do anything but be the loveable man you are.  Dillon is sick.  You couldn't have known that. And with Dan running security nothing is going to happen."  They kissed once more and walked down the stairs and headed out into the world.   




As soon as they got to the office they called a meeting.  Emmett was out buying supplies but he had one of the guards with him already. Justin and Brian didn't want to scare anyone but they wanted everyone safe. Brian told all of them that anyone who wanted to take time off until this was settled he would understand.  Of course, none of them would miss the big opening.  After some questions were answered everyone went back to work completing final touches. 




Justin went into the art department.  He couldn't keep hovering in Brian's office.  He couldn't go out and do anything, so he went into the art department where he felt comfortable.  He had met Gale before but really didn't know him.  "Trust me, I am not here for any reason other than I need something to do and this is where I feel at home." 




"Hey whatever you want since you happen to sleep with my boss and have known Daphne forever."  Justin hadn't had time to talk to Daphne for a while. 




"So are you and Daph...." 
"We are nothing right now but I think we are both interested in getting to know each other better, much better if I have my way." 




For the next couple hours, they both worked on projects and talked about Daphne.  Gale started wrapping up what he was working on.  "So, can I see what you have been doing while you were in? I have seen a couple of your pieces and have heard how good you are." 




"I was really just doodling but, sure, cone on over." 




Gale stepped behind him and looked over his shoulder.  He was amazed at the quality of work he was looking at.  He knew how quickly it had been drawn.  He was looking down at a poster size picture of the Kinnetik staff in front of the Kinnetik logo. Brian was in the center.  Daphne and Michelle were on either side of him.  Behind Daphne his likeness had been sketched with a hand on Daphne's shoulder.  On the desk in front of Brian were pictures of Ted and Cynthia.  "This is, wow, you really are good." 




"Thanks, my drawing can be hit of miss depending on how my hand is working but today it was cooperative."  Justin instinctively reached up and touched his head where he could still feel a fine scar.  Everyone had heard the story of how Justin almost died from a head injury 5 years earlier and how it affected his ability to do his work.  He had obviously figured out how to work around it. Justin walked over and pinned it to one of the walls meant to display samples.  "Maybe this will be a good memory from this opening." 




Brian wandered into the art department. "I figured I would find you here. I was going to ask you what you have been up to but," He gestured at the picture, "Looks I need to get something framed." 




"I was just messing around.  It is on poster board for god sake. If you want something done I can do something much better than this." 




Brian wrapped his arms around Justin.  "Shut up.  Take the compliment and I don't want anything else. I want to frame this one. Just from your memory you caught everyone's personality."   




"Well considering I have lived with 3 of the 4 people in the picture it wasn't so hard and Gale was sitting in front of me." You can't just say thank you and shut up can you." He kissed him at the same time he smacked his ass. 




"Ah, guys, I am still here." Gale snickered as they had kissed again. "And just to let you know if I didn't have a thing for Daphne, I may think about switching sides after watching you two." 




They all laughed and Brian said, "I came in here for a reason. Guess I got sidetracked." He swatted Justin's ass again. "We are going to lock up the office in about 10 minutes.  After talking to the security guys and then talking to Michelle and Daphne, unless you have a problem with it, you are going to stay with Michelle and Daphne for tonight anyway. There will be a guard posted there.  Michelle and Daph said they could share a room and you could have Daphne's.  I am not going to take stats in the morning but if you find other arrangements in the apartment more 'comfortable' I would say take advantage of it. Meet you at the front door in about five minutes." 




The staff all headed to their designated spots. Justin and Brian saw Dan pull up and after making sure the Kinnetik was locked up they got in the car. When they arrived home, they could see the new security in place as well as a guard at the gate. Dan introduced the men and reminded the guard no one else was allowed back for the evening.  




"I am so sorry." Justin said as they walked to the courtyard. "This is all happening because of me." It had been a long, stressful day and Justin's emotions had surfaced. 




Dan discretely left the two men alone in the courtyard. Justin clung to Brian as Brian wrapped him in the security of his arms. "God, I thought I had outgrown crying like this." Justin wiped at his eyes. "I should have noticed something.  I should have seen Dillon needed help." He pressed his face into Brian's shirt.' 




"You couldn't have known.  I met him and didn't see it. It is not your fault and there is nothing wrong with crying.  It has been a crazy couple weeks for both of us and neither of us needed this on top of everything else going on."  Brian left one arm around Justin's waist and they walked to the house.  




The downstairs was lit and they could see Andre inside.  "Hey, " Brian announced as they walked in. 




"I am not staying. I just knew you would need something to eat so in about 15 minutes your dinner will be ready.  I have a salad ready for you and a bottle of wine breathing." Andre planted a quick kiss on Brian's cheek.  He then took Justin in his arms. "This is not your fault.  You did not ask this craziness into your life or the lives of your friends. You are not to blame." He gave Justin a kiss and walked out. 




Brian watched as he left.  He wasn't sure if he should be jealous or not but after looking at Justin's face he had to let it go.  Whether it was his words or just his calmness, Justin looked more relaxed than he did just a few minutes ago. 




They ate and went to bed early.  They lay in each other's arms just absorbing each other.  Once Brian heard Justin's breathing switch to the steady deep intake of sleep he allowed himself to drift off. 




The next morning both Brian and Justin woke rested. They turned into each other's arms and their lips melded together.  Lips barely separated. "Good morning, today is your big day." Justin touched his lips to Brian's again. 




Brian ran his hand through Justin's tussled hair.  "Morning, Sunshine.  Glad to see you got some sleep. I don't know about you but I missed our shower together yesterday." 
"Well I guess we will have to remedy that this morning." They took a long hot shower spending more time coupling then actually washing but when they were toweling each other off they both looked much more at ease. 




"Do you really think everything will be ok today?" Justin asked as he was getting dressed. 




"Yes, I do.  The open house is 2 to 4 with the presentation at 3 p.m. The doors will be locked at 5 today. . The after party has been moved from the restaurant.  They are going to bring the food to the office instead since we have that locked down already.  Emmett, Ted, Cynthia and the office staff here plus Dan and Andre will be here with us.  We can just hang out here until we are all ready to go home for the weekend." Brian liked seeing a reassured look on Justin's face.  Then if we need to hole up here for a day or two until they track Dillon down we can just enjoy the time together." This had thrown Justin for a loop.  Brian hadn't seen him like this since after the bashing so he was going to take as much stress off him as he could. 




They strolled out of the house about 9:00a.m. to find Dan sitting on their patio.  "Good Morning. Are you ready to go?" 




"Let the day begin." Brian said as he slapped Dan on his shoulder. 




They arrived at the office and everyone else was already at their desks.  Justin just had to look at Daphne to know she had an eventful night. Brian had obviously noticed the look on her face, too. 




"So, details, details." 




"Brian!" She blushed.  "That is sexual harassment or something like that." 




"Daph, you have known me long enough to know that was part of the job." He laughed and kissed the top of her head.  "Go ahead and tell Justin everything.  He will tell me all about it tonight."  He laughed as he walked to his office.  




"So," Justin sat on the edge of her desk.  Daphne told him almost every detail of the night.  He was glad to see her so happy. 




The day went on as planned.  Emmett arrived with his entourage of servers and they started setting up in the designated area. Each delivery was taken at the door with no one allowed in without an invitation or verification. As the day went on everyone started relaxing.  it had been over 24 hours since Dillon had been seen or done anything so maybe he had left town or been locked up without knowing who he was.   




At 1:45 Justin went to check on Brian.  Brian stood in his new black Armani Suit. He had a blood red shirt  and matching tie. 




"Hello, Gorgeous," Justin said as he walked up to him.  He reached up and adjusted the tie just a bit.  He then kissed him. "Have I told you lately how proud I am of you and that you allow me to be part of your life?" 




"Allow, I didn't know I had a choice," He laughed and kissed Justin.  "You know I don't have any choice.  Without you nothing in my life would go right.  Nothing is in sync without you."  




After one more kiss they turned and headed to the door where they found Daphne and Michelle standing.  Both young women had tears in their eyes. "Didn't I tell you they could show you what real love looks like?" The women just backed off and let them pass and the open house began. 




Everything went off without a hitch.  Emmett outdid himself.  The food was great and the waiters kept Champaign in everyone's glass. Before they knew it the last of the guests were leaving and everyone let out a sign of relief.   




Dan came up to Justin and Brian with a smile on his face. Brian looked at him, "What?" 




"It isn't a definite but someone spotted a guy on the train in Washington, DC that fits Dillon's description. He was on a southbound train." Both Justin and Brian let out an audible sign.  "We aren't going to let our guard down, yet, guys but they have authorities waiting at the next stop to check it out and get a definite i.d." 




The mood turned into a party as word went around that Dillon was probably in Virginia right now. Someone had started some music and seeing Daphne so happy in the arms of Gale had Justin excited for his friend. There was a knock on the door and the guard opened it for the wait staff brining dinner in.   




Justin looked up and saw him first. Dillon followed the restaurant employees into the office and he couldn't be sure but he thought he saw the glint of a gun in his right hand. No one was sure what happened next.   




Justin shouted, "Dillon!" Which had Brian and Dan instantly scanning the group. Justin saw Gale grab Daphne.  




Someone else yelled, "Gun!" And yet someone else yelled, "Get down."  




Dillon made eye contact with Justin.  "There you are. Why have you been hiding from me? I've been looking for you." That's when Justin realized Dillon was wearing clothes he had taken from the break in.   




Brian looked around the room figuring out where everyone was. Cynthia, Ted, and Emmett were together. He saw Daphne and Gale near her desk.  Dan and Andre were near him.  He wished Justin wasn't just standing out there in the open like he was and that left Michelle.  He wondered where she was.  




Justin had to do something. "Hey, Dillon. Glad you could make it." Brian heard the quaver in his voice but Justin was beyond his reach.  All he could do was watch it unfold. "You are just in time for dinner."  Justin kept his eyes on the gun.  Justin took a step closer to Dillon.   




Brian started moving forward but Dan reached out and stopped him.   




Justin wasn't sure if he should talk about the gun, ignore the gun, reach for the gun like he was taking a jacket....  Out of the corner of his eye he saw Gale had maneuvered himself between Daphne and the gun and was now pushing her down slowly so she was under the desk. 




Justin took another step closer to Dillon hoping he would be focusing on a smaller part of the room if he moved closer. He was sure Dan and Brian were back there thinking up something. 




Just then Michelle came out of the work room, "What's going on out here? Why is it so..." 




The explosion from the gun was deafening. Both the guard from the door and Dan had Dillon on the floor in a split second but all Justin could see was Michelle on the floor with a puddle of blood around her head. He didn't have to go over there to know she was dead. 

Epilogue by Simply written

 

Epilogue 

 

Brian stood with his hand on Justin's shoulder.  They stood off to the side of the room.  The gallery was filled with people. Jennifer and Tuck had just left.  They had come in the night before.  When she had arrived she just had to hold Justin for a long time and Brian was sure Justin needed his mom at that moment too. He had put his life in jeopardy to save a room full of people.  It probably would have worked if Michelle had been with everyone else. 

 

But his show had to go on. And here they stood.  It looked to be going well but they couldn't be sure until the reviews came out tomorrow.  Brian took Justin's arm and they took a couple steps into the back room. "I have needed to say this to you since last week but wanted you to focus on the show first. " Brian grabbed Justin in a vice like grip. "Don't EVER do that again.  Don't ever put yourself in danger.  God, what would I do if I lost you." Justin looked into those chocolate colored eyes and saw the tears begin to fall.  After a long moment of silence and just holding each other Brian continued, "I know you have said it a couple times lately but I didn't think much about it until last week.  I just want you to know, I can't live without you either. You are my life. Now we better get back to finish this thing." 

 

As they reentered the room most of the crowd seemed to be looking at the last additions to the show. Two pieces had been added at the last minute.  Neither of them was for sale.  The first was a large painting that literally screamed pain and death. This work of art got Justin through this last week.  He left all the tragedy on this canvas and was able to move on. 

 

The other last-minute addition was a framed sketch on poster board of four smiling faces. 

 

 

 

New York Art Review 

 

If you happened to miss the opening at the Scott  

Gallery this weekend you will want to make it a 

priority.  If you miss this show you will miss the  

greatest new comer to the art scene in 50 years. 

Justin Taylor's work emits love, friendship, peace, 

and tragedy all in one show.  This young man who 

has not yet turned 25 has everything you could  

want in an artist.  This young man who was nearly 

killed for his sexuality only 6 years ago................ 

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1268