Lullaby by Kali
Summary:

Final story in the 'Down Under' series.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Justin Taylor
Tags: None
Genres: Alternate Universe
Pairings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Down Under Series
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 12368 Read: 982 Published: Aug 13, 2018 Updated: Aug 13, 2018

1. Chapter 1 by Kali

Chapter 1 by Kali

 

CHAPTER 1

 

‘I don’t give a shit who ass you have to kiss! Vital information was withheld from a court hearing that sent an innocent man to jail for 5 months!....Yes he’s been released, but that’s not the point… My client deserves compensation, and has every right to receive what was left to him in Mr Kinney’s will…well be assured, I will NOT let this go until justice is served!’

Mel slammed the phone back down on it’s cradle and massages her forehead. Lindsay rubbed Mel’s shoulders.

‘Not budging?’

‘This is turning out to be a complete nightmare. Poor Justin’s been through so much already, and I’m hitting walls as far as Brian’s family are concerned.’

‘What about?’

‘All I’ve managed to get so far, is that Brian’s sister somehow managed to bribe the coroner not to release the autopsy report, or fake it somehow…hang on…I have another contact I can try’

‘Mel, why don’t you leave it till morning? It’s almost 2an. Come to bed’

‘I just hate to think that Justin has suffered un nesseceraly. And it’s …disrespectful to Brian’

‘Look at you…defending Brian Kinney’

‘I’m defending Justin Linds. But no one deserves what Brian’s family have done’

‘Justin at least for now has someone to hold. He’s not alone’

‘Tyson?’

‘Yes…’

‘I don’t know. I only met him twice. I don’t know what he’s like’

‘But Justin does. And he seems to trust him. He doesn’t give out trust lightly’

 

***

 

Justin woke to warmth all along his back, and an arm hooked round his chest. It felt good to wake up in a bed he was comfortable on. He startled when his cell started ringing. He squinted at the number, and hit answer

‘Hello?’

‘Hello sweetheart, it’s mom.’

‘Hi’

‘You sound sleepy. Have you just woke up?’

‘Yeah. We’ve been sleeping a lot.’ They actually had. They needed to lately. Justin had sold his single bed for a double matress that lay on the floor. Least it was big enough for them both.

‘I was planning on calling over in an hour. I’ve got some food for you both’

‘Thanks mom. We’ll get up and washed. Should be done when you get here’

‘Ok. See you soon. Love you’

‘You too mom’ Justin hung up and turned in his boyfriend’s arms. Ty was looking at him

‘We need to get up?’ Justin nodded and yawned

‘As much as I’d like to, we can’t stay in bed forever.’ Ty was running his hand over Justin’s buzz cut, and down over his stubble.

‘Love waking up to this though’

‘Want to join me in the shower?’

‘You need to ask?’ Ty swatted Justin’s ass

They got the water running, and carefully stepped in. The shower/bath combo was slippery. Justin kept meaning to pick up some of those adhesive anti slip things, but had to budget. He really was pinching pennies lately. He couldn‘t find work, and neither could Ty. No one wanted to hire an ex con it seemed.

Ty soaped Justin’s back and ass. Lingered a little too long on those white globes, then moved to Justin’s chest. His hand moved lower, but was stilled by a hand over his wrist

‘Not now’ Tyson pouted ‘And stop pouting…or you know…’ Tyson shut Justin up with a kiss

Justin felt a bolt go through him, and he pulled back. There was something familiar in that kiss. He studied Tyson. Looked into those eyes, and saw a light. A light only one man could possess

‘Hello… sunshine’ It was Ty’s voice, but…’Yes it’s me, don’t make a fuss’

***

Ty helped Justin out the shower, and dried him off with the towel.

‘Justin, don’t freak out on me. I’ve been trying to reach you’

Now dressed he plopped onto the sofa. Ty sat next to him and took his hands

‘Look at me sunshine. Look into Tyson’s eyes. You can see me, can’t you?’

‘Brian?’

‘Yes sunshine. I never left you’

‘But… how?’

‘I told you Tyson was special.’

‘I don’t’ understand’

‘I have unfinished business, I can’t move on until my fucking family do what they should have in the first place’

‘The court cleared my name’

‘Yes they did. But you never should have been charged.’

‘They said you had cardiac arrest’

‘I did. But that was never proven until later was it? Why?’

‘Because your mom and sister…’

‘They hid information. How’

‘I don’t’ know’

‘Claire does’ Tyson blinked a couple times and he shivered

‘Justin?’

‘B…Brian?’

‘No…it’s me…oh crap! Justin, we need to talk’

Justin pulls his hands from Ty’s but stays sitting

‘There’s something I never told you’ Justin looked at him expectantly. ‘I’m…a conduit for the dead. A medium’

Justin burst out laughing, ty looked uncomfortable

‘I’m serious. There’s a reason we were put in the same cell. Brian’s never left. He cant. I know this is hard to believe…’

‘It’s ridiculous’

‘He said you might say that. So if you don’t believe me…’ he closes his eyes a moment ‘You won’t marry me, I don’t blame you. I am without a doubt, the world’s worst candidate for marriage. But conversely, that makes me the best candidate’

‘Stop’

‘Because as strongly as I was opposed to the idea, now that I’m, behind it…’

‘Please stop’

‘I am as fervently, and passionately committed’

‘This is crazy stop.’ Justin stands and starts to pace

‘I finally thought of one good reason’ Justin huffs, and faces Ty

‘Let me guess…To prove to the person you love…’

‘How much I love him’

‘That you would give him anything’

‘I would do anything’

‘You’d be anything’

‘To make you happy. Sunshine. It’s me. Ty isn’t the enemy. My family are’

‘You said Claire…’

‘Claire did something. I’m not sure what. But she’s responsible for all of this. Tell Melanie to look into it’

Justin flops back next to Ty

 

***

The phone rang in Mel’s office, and she tried to ignore it, but picked up on that 5th ring

‘Yes’

‘Mel? It’s Justin’

‘Oh hey sweetie. How are you?’

‘Ok. Hey listen. Don’t ask me how I know this, cause I’m not sure how I do. But you need to investigate Claire Kinney and her connection to the corners report’

‘Have you heard something honey?’

‘You wouldn’t believe me if I told you’

‘Try me’

‘I…’ he didn’t know how to say it. The ghost of his dead fiancé came to him and told him…’Promise not to laugh’

‘You have my word’

‘…Brian told me…’ there was silence on the line for a moment ‘Mel?’

‘I’m here. Justin, I’m going to have a difficult time presenting that theory to the judge’

‘I know. Brian said, he doesn’t know how, but Claire’s involved’

‘Justin, you’re telling me Brian has come to you in visions?’

‘Technically…’

‘I’m not sure I know what you mean now’

‘You remember Tyson?’

‘Yes’

‘He’s …he’s medium. He communicates with the dead’

‘And Brian had been…’

‘Talking through Ty. Yes’

‘I might have to speak to Tyson myself honey. Do you think he would do that?’

‘I’ll ask him. You two didn’t exactly get off on the right foot. He’s …protective’

‘I know. Just be careful. You don’t really know him’

‘I spent 5 months locked in a cage with him Mel. He’s never hurt me. He’s said things to me…only Brian knew’

‘I just don’t want you hurt’

‘Mel I’m …fine. Really. Look into Claire’s involvement. See what you can find. Involve the PD if you need to. She’s got something to do with this’

‘I will.’

‘Thanks Mel. Oh and how’s Gus and JR?’

‘They’re great honey. I’ll tell them you asked after them’

‘Thanks. Bye’

‘Bye’ They both hang up and Mel lets out a deep breath

 

***

 

A knock sounded on Justin’s door, and he got up to answer. His mom stood on the other side with both arms full of carry bags. She lent in and Justin gave her a peck on the cheek, he held the door open and she entered

‘I got you some veggies, fruit and juices, eggs, bread, milk…’

‘Mom…’

‘Don’t argue.’

‘Thankyou’

‘Hello Tyson’

‘Hello Mrs Taylor

‘Jen, please. Justin you look a little pale. You been getting enough to eat’

‘He’s been eating Mrs…Jen. Just not sleeping very well.’

‘Ty I can answer mom myself’

‘Sorry’ he looks away

‘You’re not sleeping well?’ She begins to unload the groceries with Justin

‘I’m fine’

‘Bullshit. The dreams…’ Justin shot Ty a warning look

‘Honey, do you need to talk to someone?’

‘I don’t need a fucking shrink ok? I’m fine!’

Jen looked over at Ty, who mouthed ‘no’ behind Justin

‘Sweetheart, I can’t stay. But I’ll be in touch ok. I love you’

‘You too, now leave. I need to talk to Tyson’ He hugs her, and she gathers her bag and keys. Waves as she leaves

‘I didn’t mean to talk to your mom on your behalf’

‘I know. Is Brian still here?’

‘He never left’

‘Brian…you know I spoke to Mel before. She’s going to look into how much Claire was involved’

‘He says thank you’

‘Still find this weird. It’s going to take some getting used to’

‘I have voices in my head Justin. All the time. I’m still not used to it’

‘Can you ever drown them out?’

‘You seem to help. Things are calmer when I’m around you for some reason…Brian is telling me…’

‘What?’

‘He’s telling me to fuck you’ Justin rolls his eyes

‘Always the romantic’

‘Better not disappoint him. Angry sprits are not fun to be around’

 

Justin pulls off his shirt and stands with his arms out to the sides.

‘Well? Are you coming or going? Or coming and then going? Or coming and staying?’ He couldn’t help it, he grinned, and Ty raised his eyebrows

‘Are you freaking kidding me?! That’s what he said to you the first night’ Justin nods, biting his bottom lip.

‘God, I’m having a 3 way with my boyfriend and his ghost.’ He walks to Justin, goes down to his knees and starts to pull down his sweat pants

Just as he took Justin in his mouth his cell rang, He tried to ignore it, but looked at the caller id, and decided he’d better answer. Ty started to work at him with mouth and hand while Justin spoke.

‘Hey Mel. What’s up?’ Ty looked up at Justin and grinned with his cock in his mouth. Justin mouthed -not me- and put his hand on Ty’s head

‘There’s been …information come to light about Claire’s involvement with the circumstantial evidence’

‘Uh huh…’ Justin closed his eyes, loving the heat around his growing shaft

‘It would seem she’d managed to bribe the coroner to falsify the findings…in exchange for…sexual favors’

‘Ahhh…ohh ok’ Ty stood up, and shuffled Justin over to their bed, and eased him onto his back, then shed his own pants. Justin watched and listened to Mel talk, while Ty started to stroke himself with one hand, and prepare himself with his fingers. He moved to straddle Justin’s hips, still tugging at himself, and Justin placed a pale hand on his chocolate thigh.

‘Are you ok honey? You sound like you’re running’

Justin was using every ounce of self control he had not to throw the phone.

‘I’m fine…Just exercise’ Ty positioned himself over Justin’s cock, and slid down smoothly. Started rocking his hips

It took everything he had not to moan, but he sighed anyway. Ty whispered,

‘Brian’s telling her to fuck off’

‘Mel…that’s great. Thaaaank you for doing that. Oh…I need to go. Sorry.’ He hit end on his cell, tossed the phone aside and grabbed Ty’s hips with both hands.

Ty bent over Justin, placing a hand either side of his head and leant in to claim his mouth as deeply as he could.

Justin thrust his hips up as hard as he could. Which lately was getting damn hard, and met Ty every time he pushed down. He hit Ty’s prostate each time, driving the man almost to insanity

‘Fuck…Justin!’ It was like he was possessed. Maybe he was. There was a tingling at the base of his neck all the way to the lower spine, which usually meant a spirit was trying to communicate through him. His head was filled then with Brian’s memories of all the times he’d been with Justin. How much love he felt for his sunshine. He showed Ty the best memories…and the worst. And finally Brian let exactly what he wanted for Justin, flood Ty’s mind. He just wanted his sunshine to be happy. To be loved, to be able to love again.

Ty pulled Justin up to sitting, and the angle change pushed them both over with a shout of ecstasy.

Justin fell back, and Ty flopped on top of him.

‘So…what did the lesbian want?’

‘Uhhh. Brian’s sister framed me’

‘No kidding. She’s going to pay’

‘Yes. She is’.

 

 

 

CHAPTER 2

 

‘Claire, as it turns out, traded sexual favors with the coroner, to have him falsify the evidence that would have proven Justin innocent. She framed Justin from the start and played the grieving 'victim'

Jen almost spat her coffee out, and Mel swallowed back a curse.

‘What?!’

‘She played him from the start. She never liked Justin from the day she met him. Said he lead her brother down the path to hell’

‘Brian was already gay before he met my son’

‘Not the point Jen’

‘No…really not. My son was never guilty’

‘Correct’

‘He spent 6 months …believing he was…oh god. Does he know?’

‘I rang to tell him, but he seemed …distracted’ She knew what was distracting him, but she spared Jen the detail

‘So what now?’

‘There will be an inquiry, and she will be charged …probably, with ‘tampering with the evidence’. Falsifying documents” is a crime. When you modify a document for the purpose of deceiving another person. It can also involve the passing along of copies of documents that are known to be false. In other words Jen, it is a crime punishable as a felony. She will not get away with this’

‘Will she serve time like Justin did?’

‘She may end up serving 36 months in prison. Depends on the judge’

‘Oh…’ Jen put her head in her hands’

‘There’s a warrant out for her arrest as we speak. The coroner is also likely to loose his job and be charged as an accessory’

‘Poor Justin’

‘Jen, if I know anything about your son, he’s resilient.’

‘Yes, but he also hides his emotions until he looses complete control. He had an…episode once. After he found out I wouldn’t let him see Brian. He nearly destroyed his bedroom, and he bruised one of my ribs. He looks calm, but he can have an explosive temper’

‘So keep him away from Claire?

‘I don’t like this woman. Not after what she did. But if he gets to her…’

‘Advise taken.’

 

Ty was watching Justin pace. His head was so full of new information he was struggling to filter it. He’d been framed. By none other then the sister of his dead fiancé’. He knew Claire had always disliked him. But to frame him? She was worse than dead if he got his hands on her…

‘Justin please, love. She’ll pay for this. She will. But you’re going to track a hole in the carpet and we really can’t afford the repairs…’

‘I’m sorry, but I need to hit something, and there’s nothing here…so’

‘’Let’s go for a run. Get your shoes’ Justin spins and faces Ty

‘Running, really? That’s going to fix this?’

‘No. But it’ll help vent some energy’

‘And what does Brian have to say huh? Are you here?’ Justin looks around him. ‘Answer me! Brian!’

Ty closes his eyes and lets Brian speak through him.

‘Sunshine, I’m right here. I don’t like this any more then you do. But calm the fuck down. I’d kill her myself if I wasn’t already dead’

Justin seemed to calm a tiny bit, but his body was still tense

‘Neither Tyson or I want you hurting yourself because my sister’s a fucking selfish spoiled bitch’

Justin took a breath.

‘Melanie has done amazing work. Listen to what she has to tell you. And relax. Time is against Claire.’

 

Mel was in her office on the phone to the PD.

‘She knows she’s being hunted constable. We know she’ll try run…My client…he will press charges, yes. …correct….no….No he doesn’t have a history of violence… he was incorrectly incarcerated for 6 months. All charges have been lifted since …yes. ..His relationship to the deceased? thankyou …bye’

She returned her phone to the receiver, and smiled to herself.

‘Justin, sweetie,…Brian must be smiling on you’

‘Ms Marcus?’

‘Yes?, come in’ The man entered with a pile of papers in hand and placed them on her desk

‘The copies of Mr Kinney’s will have been faxed through’

‘Thankyou Dennis’ He leaves and she skims over the basics, before thoroughly reading it.

 

2 days later

 

Justin was painting when his phone rang. He looked at the caller, and quickly wiped off his hands.

‘Hey Mel’

‘Hey. Justin, I know it’s late notice, but do you think you can come to my office today to discuss documents that need to be signed’

‘What documents? Thought I’d signed everything’

‘Information was faxed through to us recently that needs your signature.

‘Mel you’re avoiding me. What information?’ She hissed under her breath…dam the man didn’t miss anything…

‘Ok. We’ve managed to get a hold of Brian’s will’ Justin was silent. ‘Sweetheart?’ she heard him put the phone down, and heard him call to Tyson, but the conversation was muffled. A minute later he returned to the phone.

‘We can be there in an hour’

‘Ok. We’ll see you then. And Justin? Relax honey. It’s good news’

She was sipping her coffee when Dennis knocked on her door again.

‘Ms. Marcus? Mr. Taylor and partner here for their appointment’

‘Thanks Dennis, please close the door behind you. Justin, Tyson. Please have a seat’

She pushed a pile of papers across the desk to Justin.

‘This is what has come through in the last couple hours’

Justin read slowly through the will, and his eye began to bug.

Mel smiled after he finished, and looked at her speechless

‘The loft had been put on the market after Brian passed, but there were no interested buyers. Guess who was trying to sell it?’

‘The Kinney family.’

‘Right. But, Brian’s name was the only one on the title to the loft.’ Justin nodded.

‘Until not long after Brian was Diagnosed. His will states, that after his death, which I suspect he knew was inevitable, all ownership to the loft was to go to you. The property is now yours, as is…’ she flipped to another page…’the country house.’

‘How am I supposed to afford…’

‘50% of the profits of Kennetik go to you, as part owner’

Justin’s mouth gaped open

‘And he’s left a grand sum of 350K to you He’s set you up for life honey’ Tyson gripped Justin’s hand

‘I don’t believe this…’

‘You can move out of that crap hole you call home, and live in comfort.’

‘You mean ‘we’ can’ He leans in and gives Ty a quick Kiss

‘The Kinney’s will contest this. But it’s all here in black and white. You gain a profit of 95% of his earnings and assets. They don’t get a red cent’

‘And this couldn’t be discussed over the phone?’

‘Justin, you’re a friend. I wanted to share the moment with you’

‘Does mom know’

‘Not yet. She knows what happened with Claire’ Justin felt a flush of rage go through him at the sound of her name, and Ty felt him tense.

‘Ease up pup’ Mel raised an eyebrow

‘Pup?’ Ty looked at her

‘Prison reference. Never mind’

‘Okay. Anyway. Justin there you have it. Your ‘rags to riches’ story’

Justin sighed

‘He loved you honey, he wants you happy’

‘I’ll tell my mom’

‘She’s going to be thrilled’

 

 

‘It’s not like there’s a lot to pack. Your art supplies, and cloths. You don’t need the decrepit furniture’

‘I know. I just feel like it’s all I deserve’

‘Ok, now you’re being silly. How many times do I have to remind you? You’re worth more than this’ he waves around at the various second hand ‘basics’ they’d salvaged.

‘I want more then this shit for you. And I want to see these properties you now own!’ Justin chuckled. Ty took both his hands and pulled their bodies together.

‘Today is a new beginning. Take the bloody bull by the horns and show the world you’re in charge. There is nothing …thanks to Brian…I don’t know. I’ve seen the best and the worst of you. And I know exactly who you are. You a hell of a human being Justin Taylor. And…I love you’

‘How are you so patient. I don’t…’

‘Deserve me? I’m no angel. You know that. You could have walked away the day they released you. But you came back for me’

‘I did’

‘What does that tell you?’ Justin looked deep into his eyes. ‘Allow your heart to say what your head wants’

‘I…I love you?’

‘I don’t believe you’

‘I love you’ Ty shakes his head

‘Nope…’

‘Tyson!’ he snorts laughter ‘Tyson. I LOVE you’

‘See? Now I believe you’ He claimed the blonde in a melting kiss, before swatting his ass. ‘Now. Get you art packed, so we can get the hell outta this dump!’

 

Justin’s car was loaded with boxes of the stuff he didn’t want to leave behind. Which mostly consisted of his art supplies and his cloths, and Ty’s bare possessions. Some music, a boom, box, and his own cloths. They drove to the estate agents that had the Loft and country house keys, and collected them. The receptionist behind the desk regarded Justin’s youthful, yet unshaven face and buzz cut appearance with poorly hidden disbelief.

He smiled at her, and her demeanor softened slightly.

 

‘Congratulations Mr Taylor’ He had been about to walk out the door. He turned and faced her again

‘What for?’

‘A man your age? Owning the titles to two amazing properties.’ He walked out the door. Not wanting to remember WHY he was the owner of ‘property’

 

They went to the loft first, since it was closest. Justin letting Ty in first, and he pressed the button for the elevator

As they waited, Ty took Justin’s hand and squeezed slightly.

‘You ready for this?’

‘I don’t know. It’s the first time I’ve been back since…’

‘Yeah. If you need to bail just tell me’

‘Mmmhmm’

The elevator arrived and they stepped in. 60 seconds later they were standing outside the loft door.

His heart rate started to pick up a little, and his hands shook as he fiddled the key into the door. He slid the heavy metal door aside, and held his breath. Everything was the same. The furniture, the bed with the neon lights, the white couches and the ‘office’ area.

‘Oh my god!’ Ty barked out a laugh. ‘This is fucking amazing’

‘It does the trick’ Justin mumbled

Ty forgot himself for a moment, and he started to wonder round the loft. Not touching, just looking in awe at what his boyfriend now owned. He turned finally, and realized Justin was still standing in the doorway with his hands in his pants pockets.

‘This is amazing Justin. I’ve never lived…been in a place like this.’

‘You live here Ty’

‘I…Really?’

‘We already live together remember. This is OUR home now. It just brings back memories is all’

‘Of course’ he walks over to Justin, grabs his hands, and walks him further into the loft, goes to close the door, then comes back.

‘I’m going to ask you something’

‘Mm’

‘Say no if…but. Would you like to make our own first memory in our new home?’

Justin pulls away and walks over to the bed. Sits on the edge.

‘No. Not yet. I just need time adjust’

‘Can I sit next to you? No touching I promise’

‘Sure’

‘Justin…it’s been months pup.’ Ty’s heart stopped for a second at the scathing look Justin gave him. ‘You were saying how patient I am. But it’s not limitless’ he closed his eyes while Brian spoke to him. But he didn’t repeat it. Now wasn’t the time.

‘I know you love me. But I’m starting to wonder if you’re in love with me. Brian…’ Tyson sighed. He didn’t want to be harsh. He hadn’t been yet. But truth be told he was getting a little frustrated, every time something triggered a Brian memory. He stood and walked to the door

‘Brian’s gone, Justin. See a shrink if you need to. But face it and get it out of your system. Because the next person that tries to love you, may not be quite so patient as me!’

‘Tyson wait…’

‘Get help!’

Justin watched as the door closed and he was left alone in the loft that changed his life forever.

 

Tyson was right. He needed mental help if he was ever going to make this work

 

***

 

‘Mr Taylor, welcome. Please have a seat. What can I help you with?’

Justin eases himself into the leather chair opposite the woman at her desk. She looked to be about middle aged. Was a little plump, and her red/auburn hair hung in loose thick waves.

‘I’m causing cracks in my relationship, because of my past.’

‘I see. Well if you and your girlfriend? Are willing to come see me together I’m sure we could come up with some techniques to help you both understand the others feelings’

‘I’m…’ Justin sighs and lowers his head. ‘It’s a he actually. I’m gay’

‘I see.’ She writes some notes. ‘Let’s start with you telling me about your past Justin’

‘I was engaged to the man I’d been with on and off for the last several years. We went to Australia, and he proposed…sort of. But then when we got back, he was diagnosed with cancer. He died 6 months later’

‘I’m sorry for your loss’

‘Thanks’

‘How long ago did he pass away?’

‘Almost 10 months’

‘And how did you and your current partner meet?’ Justin hesitates ‘Mr Taylor?’

‘We met in …jail’ Vivian raised an eyebrow. Justin gave in. ‘I was falsely accused of his murder by his sister’

‘I see. And your partner. He was in jail also?’

‘Yes’

‘But you’re both out now’

‘Yes’

‘Why do you think these ‘cracks’ are forming in your new relationship?’

‘Because he loves me, and I can’t let go of Brian’

‘Brian. This is the man you were engaged to?’

‘Yes’

‘What’s your boyfriends name?’

‘Tyson. But he walked out on me last week. I haven’t spoken to him since then. Last thing he said to me was ‘Get help’

‘And you are. That’s a positive step. But I really think he should be here with you’

‘That’s if he’ll talk to me’

‘Well tell him you’ve taken his advice. That alone will tell him, you’re at least trying to make an effort, and you do love him. You want to make this work’

‘So how do I get over Brian? Because I feel everywhere I look, something reminds me of him. Especially since I inherited everything he ever owned. Including both his houses and his business…’

‘That sounds like a lot of weight on your shoulders. Can you cope financially?’

‘He saw to that as well. It wouldn’t matter if I never worked another day in my life’

‘It’s obvious to me Justin that he loved you very much to see you so well set for your future. But managing financially and MENTALLY are completely different. I can, with a referral, send you to a doctor, and they can prescribe medication for you. If that is an option you wish to take. I will continue to see you for as long as you need. Based on the information we have discussed. I suspect you may be suffering symptoms of mild depression and anxiety.’

‘I’m afraid to say it, but I think so’

‘I would like to see you once a week. And if possible, Tyson too. Do you want me to send you to the doctor for medication?’ Justin nods and rubs his forehead Vivian pulled out her referral pad and scribbled.

‘Ok. Speak to Yvette at the desk, and she’ll make your next appointment with me.’ She hands him the slip

‘I wont charge for initial consultation Justin. This was just a –get to know you- session. You will get through this. I promise’

‘Thankyou’ She stands and offers her hand which he shakes. And she walks him to the door.

‘I’ll see you soon’

‘Thankyou’

‘You’re welcome honey’

 

Justin did make the next appointment, then sat in his car and messaged Ty.

 

-I’m so beyond sorry that I’ve hurt you. I never meant to. I’m just struggling to deal right now. But I took your advise…I went to see a psychiatrist today. She wants you to come along with me. Please know I do love you, and I WANT to make this work. Please let me know your decision. Justin XXX-

 

He sat and waited for what seemed like an hour, before a text came back

 

-Ok-

 

Ok? That’s it? Ok? What had he done

 

He turned the car on and drove to the loft. Let himself in, and stopped dead when he saw Tyson sitting against the wall. Tyson looked up when he heard Justin step out the lift.

 

‘Hey, pup’

‘Bulldog’

Ty stood up and shoved his hands in his pockets. Damn he looked intimidating right now

‘Are you going to go in or stand there staring?’

Justin shook the shock off, and fumbled the keys in the door with shaky hands. Slid it open, and let Ty enter first.

 

 

***

CHAPTER 3

 

‘How did you get in the building?’

‘Old lady downstairs. She was coming out’

‘Mrs Harris. Been waiting long?’ Justin got out two shot glasses and a bottle of vodka. Sat them on the counter and poured the first shots. And they threw them back

’30 minutes’

‘Are we still together?’

‘That depends. I’m glad you’re getting help. However I’m sick of coming second to your dead fiancé. Which believe me, isn’t made any easier by the fact he’s whispering in my bloody ear 24/7’

‘Sounds like I’m not the only one who needs help’

‘I’m willing to come with you. And…I’m sorry I was harsh. But you ticked me off’

‘I’m trying Ty, I really am’ Justin threw back another shot

‘I wish I could believe that’

Justin sighed. ‘Bri…we were together for 7 years Tyson. And it was intense, rocky, good bad. If you ever had the chance to meet him, you’d understand why’

‘I know him Justin. He’s in my head, remember’

‘No. You don’t know him. Brian only revealed what he wanted people to know. Not who he was’

‘Fine. But we need to focus on us now. Or we may as well say goodbye’

‘I don’t want to’

‘Neither do I’ Justin thought for a moment, then grinned ‘I have an idea’

‘Mmm?’

‘Let’s start fresh. We’ll go out for dinner tonight. A ‘date’ no pressure for sex. Just enjoying each other’s company’

Ty snickers, ‘date night?’

‘You don’t like it?’

‘Whatever it takes, pup. But you…we still need help. Keep your appointment’

‘I will’ They stood for a bit. ‘Want to watch a movie?’

‘Sure’

Together they sat on the couch, at opposite ends, and watched Brokeback mountain

 

Ennis and Jack wrestled on the mountain side, and since Tyson had never seen the movie, he wasn’t sure what was going on. Slowly his hand grasped Justin’s ankle, who had his legs curled into his left side. Justin shifted and stretched his legs out straighter, feet on Ty’s thighs

Ty began to massage Justin’s ankle bones, then moved to the soles of his feet, and his toes. Applying gentle pressure to the instep, and working at the little knots beneath the skin

Ty started to work his way up to Justin’s calves then, digging his thumbs in a little harder to the heavier muscles. This made Justin moan and close his eyes. There was a little pain as the knots loosened. But god it felt good.

Justin allowed his body to slip a little lower on the couch. But it forced his knees to bend a little, and he was now flat on his back.

Ty’s attentions stayed on Justin’s calves. Changing between strong pressure and light rubbing

‘You’re tense’

‘Of course I am. I’ve been a wreck this last week’

‘Want me to do your back and neck?’

‘That sounds nice’ Justin stands, goes to the bed and grabs a pillow, drops it on the floor and settles on his stomach. Ty takes the cue, and settles over the back of Justin’s thighs. This wasn’t about skin contact, so he didn’t lift Justin’s t-shirt. Just worked the muscle through the fabric. Carefully he started at the base of the spine and pressed his thumbs in. working in an up and out motion. He felt Justin’s skin twitch under his hands. The knots here were tougher, and took more work to loosen. By the time he got to the shoulder blades, Justin was like a limp ragdoll.

‘Touch me’

‘I am’

‘No I mean….’ Justin points to his ass’

‘Thought this wasn’t about sex’

‘it’s not, but my body disagrees’ He shifted his pelvis to a more comfortable angle as best he could with Ty sitting on his legs.

Tyson scoots back a bit, and places his hands on Justin’s jeans covered ass and digs the heels of his hands in. Justin buried his face in his crossed arms, tried not to moan.

He had to admit, Justin wasn’t the only one feeling stirrings in his pants. This beautiful man laying prone beneath him. He clearly trusted Ty, or else he’d never have put himself in this position in the first place. But trust wasn’t their issue. He had to control his own impulses right now, but god he wanted to yank those pants down, and bury himself deep inside that ivory ass.

‘Justin we probably need to stop’

‘Why?’ he sounded petulant’

‘Because if we don’t I may not be able to control myself’

With a quickness that took Ty off guard, Justin rolled onto his back, and sat up, grabbed Ty’s head, pulling him back down, and kissed him with such force, It left Ty literally breathless.

‘Mustin!’ Justin thrust his pelvis upwards, ‘Mmm…Justin. Sweetheart…stop’ Ty decided that now was a good time to use his strength over him. Something he didn’t like to do, but …He grabbed Justin’s wrists and held them down by his side, and sat with all his weight on Justin’s hips. Justin knew how to escape this simple ‘hold’ but Ty didn’t think he’d want to try

‘Calm down! I’m NOT going to fuck you’ Justin chuckled. ‘I’m serious’

‘You’re hard’

‘Yes. But we agreed’ Justin squirmed, but eventually gave in and sighed ‘We have issues we need to discuss first’

Justin deflated

‘I know’

‘Maybe it was a mistake my coming here’

‘No! I’ve missed you!. Let me go?’

‘No.’

‘Why?’

‘Not unless you promise to behave’

‘What am I? 12?’

‘Don’t be ridiculous’ Ty stood up leaving Justin laying on his back a minute more, and went to turn the kettle on.

 

+++

 

Wednesday morning came, and Justin had asked Ty to meet him at the councilor’s. he was sitting picking at his fingernails when a shadow appeared in front of him, when he looked up, Ty took a seat beside him.

‘You came’

‘Said I would’

‘Thankyou’

‘It means a lot to me that you’re trying. We’re in a relationship here. We need to work on this together’

‘Mr Taylor? Vivian is ready for you now’ The receptionist smiled, and pointed to the office door.

Justin lead the way, and he and Ty took seats at her desk.

‘Good morning Gentleman. Tyson I assume?’

‘Yes ma’am’ he shook her hand

‘It’s nice to meet you. Justin. How have you been since I last saw you?’

‘Ty and I spoke over the weekend. Or we tried to. I think I still have some mental blocks I’m struggling with’

‘Ok. And Tyson? How do you feel in all this?’

‘Well. I love Justin. I do. But I can’t help feeling like I’m always coming second place’

‘Interesting. Justin. Last time you talked about Brian. And being unable to let him go. This is the cause of the rift between you and Tyson. Justin, was Brian buried or cremated?’

‘Buried’

‘Do you ever visit his grave site?’

‘…No. I think I’ve found it too painful’

‘Ok. I need you BOTH to do this together. It will hurt yes. But sometimes being faced with that which you fear most can be a great first step into learning to cope, and move on from your insecurities. Tyson, I want you to go with him, not only as moral support, but to help you get an appreciation for what Justin lost’

‘With respect, I know what loss feels like. Before I met Justin my girlfriend was murdered’

‘So you should be able to empathize, not criticize. Sorry if that comes across as blunt. But it puts you in a position to help guide Justin through this. Not make him feel guilty for not coping how you think he should’

‘So this is my fault?’

‘I didn’t say that. What I mean is you need to remember that everyone deals with loss at their own pace. I’m sorry you lost your girlfried. You have my deepest sympathies. Some never get over the loss completely. But you can use techniques to lessen the pain’

‘So visiting his grave is supposed to help me cope?’

‘Essentially yes. And since you’ve never done that, there’s been no closure for you. I honestly believe this is what’s ‘blocking’ you. But Justin, Tyson, in the interim be honest with each other. Hold no secrets. Even if it hurts. There needs to be open communication. The basis for a successful relationship, gay or straight, is just that. Honest open communication, trust and support’

‘So when do we begin?’ Justin looks across at Ty, who looks back

‘Immediately. Go today if you can. But don’t put it off. Make time’

 

 

Justin and Ty walked out the building holding hands. As Justin headed to his car, Ty pulled him to a stop.

‘I’m driving’

‘Tyso….’

‘Don’t argue. Just get in’

‘But your car…’

‘We’ll come back for it’

 

Ty drove them in silence to the memorial park, and they sat in the car for 10 minutes working up the nerve.

‘We’re doing the right thing sweetheart.’

‘I know. I’m just scared’

‘Come on. Lead the way’

 

As they walked the landscaped gardens, Justin’s anxiety began to creep in, and he gripped Ty’s hand with a tight grip.

‘Breath pup, breath’ The headstone was now in sight about 20 feet away, and Justin had to stop, and take a few deep breaths before walking closer.

‘I’m here Justin’ Ty’s voice was different, and when he looked, Ty’s eyes were glazed over.

‘Tyson?’

‘No, sunshine. It’s me’ Sheer panic set in, and he began hyperventilating.

‘Fuuuuuck’

‘Justin breath. It’s ok. Steady breaths. One foot at a time. Breath in …and out.’

‘in and out’

‘in and out…slowly. See you made it. You’re here’ Tyson in his subconscious helped Justin kneel at the headstone, and wrapped an arm round his heaving shoulders.

Justin reaches out and traces the lettering with his fingertips

 

HERE LAYS BRIAN KINNEY

BELOVED PARTNER TO JUSTIN TAYLOR

AND DEVOTED FATHER TO GUS PETERSON-MARCUS/KINNEY

1971 – 2009

 

‘Justin? Brian’s here pup’

‘I know’

‘If you could feel his love right now…he says thank you’

‘For what?’

‘For teaching him how to love. For making him a better man’ Tears started to roll down Justin’s cheeks ‘for finally helping him cross over’

‘What? Brian! No. please stay!’

‘He says he cant. He loves you with all his heart , but now is his time. Let go of his chains’

‘How? I don’t know how’

‘He says …three little words’ Justin was shaking with free flowing tears now.

‘I can’t!’

‘Yes, Justin. You can’ Ty now had both arms round Justin in a bear hug.

‘Face your fear, and say it. Let him go’

‘I …love you Brian… Rest in peace’

Ty felt what seemed like static electricity course through his entire body, and pass through to Justin which made them both jump.

‘Justin look…’ Ty turned Justin to look behind him. Standing at his left shoulder was Brian. Smiling and glowing as though a light shone from within him. He looked happy. Hands stuffed in his pockets, and wearing his favorite leather jacket

‘Brian?’ Brian simply smiled and nodded. He mouthed ‘thank you’ but there was no sound

Brian started to walk backwards, and as he did, his image disintegrated into a mist that eventually vanished completely.

‘He’s free Justin. His soul is at piece’ Ty just held him while he sobbed. Neither cared that it started to rain.

 

+++

 

‘No Daph I cant. I …we, Ty and I need to just focus on ourselves for a while. Believe me, I’d be there otherwise…’

Ty grinned from his position between Justin’s spread legs, and took him in his mouth again. Justin bit back a moan, as Ty ran his tongue over the tip of his cock.

‘Ah Daph? I have to go. But that’s really great. I’ll speak to you soon’ he hit ‘end’ on his cell and placed it on the bench beside him. Ty pulled his mouth off only long enough to speak

‘Your friend has the worst timing’

‘She means well’ Ty stood and picked Justin up in the process in a fireman’s carry which made him yelp in surprise

He swatted Justin’s bare ass earning him another yelp, but then a laugh as Justin wrapped his arms around Ty’s waist for balance. Ty carried him over to the bed and dropped him on his back, leaning over him and claimed his mouth

‘Gonna fuck you till you scream, roll over’

Justin complies and wriggles his butt enticingly as Ty rolled on the condom, grabbed the lube, and thoroughly coated himself. He parted Those beautiful cheeks and only pushed a quarter way in. Justin’s blow job on him had made him quite large, and he was well aware that Justin would need to adjust. So for each millimeter he withdrew, he doubled with each push back in. Justin sighed beneath him and willed his muscles to relax.

Ty was halfway in now, and he could feel Justin clenching his muscles every time he went deeper. There was a heat within him that intensified with each thrust. Both of them were moaning, and the sound of each other’s pleasure made the passion burn brighter. Ty stopped thrusting. But instead, just slowly pushed himself in as deep as he could go. He wrapped his arms round Justin’s shoulders and pulled him up to his knees. Justin’s fingers dug into Ty’s hips as the angle change hit his prostate and he yelled as he spilled cum all over the sheerts.

Ty on the other hand wasn’t done, and he resumed thrusting hard now. flesh pounding on flesh, until he emptied himself deep within.

Both men collapsed on the bed, chests heaving. And before long, both of them fell into a deep sleep. Neither one woke. Not even when the door to the loft slid open, and an unexpected, uninvited person stepped in.

 

The figure crept towards the bedroom and peered in at the half naked sleeping couple. In his hand he held a gun. He fingered the safety release with his thumb before grinning to himself. Laughing silently at how easy it had been to gain access to the fags apartment. Nah…he thought. This is to easy. Like shooting fucking sitting ducks. He needed the chase, to see the fear on their faces. He released the safety and shot a blank into the wall above their heads.

***

 

Justin’s heart just about jumped out his chest as plaster dust settled in his hair, and he grabbed for Tyson.

‘The fuck?!’

Ty’s eyes narrowed in recognition, and he was instantly shielding Justin with his own body.

‘Hey Bulldog’ he grinned ‘Remember me?’ he pointed the gun directly at the black man

‘Hard to forget, actually. How the fuck did you get in here?’ the man chuckles

‘Little old ladies can be sooooo accommodating’ Justin swore under his breath

‘Visited an old mate of mine in prison the other day. Told me he had some ‘unfinished business’

‘Well you can remind that sack of shit, I said we were done’

‘Ty, what’s he talking about?’ Ty ignored Justin

‘We can cut a deal here bulldog and the …’ he glances at Justin ‘Twinkie gets to keep his head’

‘What the fuck did you call me?’

‘Justin ..please…shut up’ Ty gritted his teeth

‘No! I will NOT be threatened in my home!’ he begins to move, but the man shifts the gun to him, and he freezes

‘Uh uh…Man with gun. You might want to listen’

‘What do you want?’

‘We’re …and I mean you…twinkie, are going to pay Eddy’s bail and get him out on parole’

Justin was incredulous

‘The man tried to kill me! I don’t fucking think so’

‘Actually you will. Because if you don’t…’ he points the gun at Ty again ‘Your dog? Gets put down. And just to make sure you comply…the dog comes with me. Alone. Get dressed dog, cause the clocks ticking. You got till Wednesday’

‘That’s 2 days!’

‘Tick… tock’ Tyson climbed off the bed, and pulled on his sweatpants ‘Good dog’

Justin watched panic stricken, as his boyfriend was shoved roughly out the loft in front of a gun wielding con.

 

He looked at the watch on his wrist and swore. 3am. He grabbed his phone and hit 4 on speed dial. A groggy Mel answered.

‘This had better be important!’

‘Mel? It’s me’

‘Justin? What is it baby?’

‘Ty. He’s been taken hostage’ Mel sat bolt upright in bed. She heard the break in his voice

‘What’s the ransom?’

‘Nothing. But I’ve got two days to break his prison enemy out, or they’ll kill Tyson’

‘Ok. Honey I know this is easier said…but stay calm. I’ll alert Det Horvath right now, and they’ll put out a search and arrest warrant’

‘I don’t want him to die! I don’t even know where they’re taking him’

‘Justin. I want you to go take a shower, and meet me at the station in 30 ok. Stay calm?’

‘Mel!, I can’t do this again!’ She knew Exactly what he meant

‘Justin. Listen to me! Tyson isn’t going to die! We will get him back. Go take a shower, clear your head, and call a cab! Don’t drive’

Justin tried to calm his breathing. Last thing he needed was a panic attack. Not when his boyfriend’s life was at stake.

 

35 minutes later, the taxi pulled up outside the police station. Justin in his almost catatonic state, thanked the driver, and paid him. Mel met him at the door, and put her arm round his shoulder, as the det led this to his office.

‘Justin. I’m sorry to be meeting you again under these circumstances. Please. Tell me everything that happened’

Justin relayed the incident in clear detail. Surprising Mel, given she knew he was in shock.

‘Thankyou Justin, son. Bare with me while I make a phone call please?’

Justin and Mel both nodded. And she leaned in and spoke quietly.

‘Honey you did the right thing. You called back up instead of going for the criminal yourself’

‘They told me to Mel. Get Eddy out. Mel I have a target on my back! The man wants us dead!’

CHAPTER 4

 

‘Mr Taylor, please if you can, give a description of what the man looked like to the forensic artist’

‘Why wait Det?’ Mel turns to Justin ‘Do you think you can?’

‘Draw him?’ Mel nods Det Horvath clears his throat

‘I think we need a little more than a stick figure…’ Mel and Justin glare at him

‘Get me fucking paper and a pencil!’ Horvath raises his eyebrows but complies, digging them out his desk drawer, and sliding them over to Justin

‘Justin is a very accomplished artist Detective. Might want to curb the stick figure comments’

‘I had no idea. Sorry’

 

20 minutes later, Justin slid the completed sketch back over to the Detective, and despite his current anxiety level, looked smugly at the surprised expression then at the look of respect Horvath sent his way

‘This is remarkable Justin’ he stands and walked over to the fax machine, and sent it through to whomever required it.

‘Did you happen to get a name off this man?’

‘No. He never gave one’

‘If he has charges they’ll pull them up against his profile in the system. Soon as we do that we can execute a search warrant and possibly a SWAT team’

‘SWAT team?’

‘This is a hostage situation son. And may involve highly organized career criminals. You mentioned the name Bulldog’

‘His name is Tyson’

‘To you it may be. But don’t forget he does have a criminal record himself’

‘He’s reformed! The more time you spend sitting on your asses, the less time HE has! He’s more then a man with a past to me.’ Horvath’s phone beeped beside him and he picked it up

‘Excuse me please’ he checked the message and a smile crept onto his face. ‘He’s come up on the database already. There’s also already a search warrant issue out for him. His name is Keven Grey. AKA snake. Does that ring any bells for you Justin?’

’No’

‘Bull…Tyson, never mentioned a Snake?’

‘No’

‘I’m surprised. Snake was the one who killed his girlfriend’ Horvath’s phone beeped again, and he checked it.

‘Swat have been dispatched. Justin Hell will freeze over before Eddy is ever released. Melanie, I want you to take Justin home with you. He shouldn’t be alone’

‘But…’

‘That’s not an option Justin. You’re a target, and need to be in a safe place. Melanie I will stay in touch with you. DON’T let him out of your sight’ he looks directly at Justin. ‘I’m going to set aside my own prejudice here. And try see …Tyson, less as an ex con, and as a civilian in an unfortunate circumstance’

‘Thank you’

 

Mel drove to her house with Justin sitting silently in the passenger side She’d glance at him occasionally

‘We’re gonna find him honey’ He looked at her

‘I just got my life back on track. And now this?’ Mel pats him on the knee

‘Justin listen to me. Tyson knows you love him. If the situation were reversed, you would have done the same. I have complete faith that we will get him back alive’

‘You have to say that’

‘Why?’

‘Because you’re family’

‘No, Justin. I said it, because it’s the truth’

 

***

 

 

The bag was lifted of Tysons head, and he was shoved down onto the floor. His hands being tied behind his back, meant he couldn’t control the fall, and he landed on his hip with a grimace. He sat up and leant against the wall.

‘So Eddy’s finally got you doing his own work Keven’

‘Shut up’

‘I hope big Ben breaks you in quickly when they’re not watching you in the cells’

‘I said, Shut up!’

‘See Ben and I got on well…’

‘The name is Snake! And I said shut the fuck up!’ Keven backhands Tyson. ‘That twink has less than 48 hours’

‘He’s not going to do it’ Tyson knew the best thing he could do right now is keep Keven talking. The rat, as he thought of him, had one flaw that he could take advantage of if he did it properly. Keven was a talker.

‘If I know Justin as well as I think, he’s not going to put a target on his back. He knows Eddy has it in for him.’

‘Are you gonna stop yapping dog? Or am I gonna have to muzzle you?’

‘What’s in it for you huh Keven? What do you get? Eddy’ll walk all over you. You know that. He never respected you’

‘I get respect, and money. And unlike some deserters, I get the protection of the gang!’

‘Really? You think the lowest member of the gang gets respect?’

‘What did you call me?’

‘The only way you move up in that gang, is to kill. But know this Keven. You kill me? And the gang? Gonna be the least of your concerns,’ Keven scoffs. ‘Believe me. That ‘twink’? has more fire in him then you ever will’

Keven right hooks Tyson, knocking him out.

 

***

 

Justin paced up and down Mel and Lindsay’s hall.

‘You’re gonna wear a hole in the floorboards honey. Come sit down and have a tea’ Mel patted the couch beside her

‘Should have heard something by now.’

‘I’m sure we will soon’ Lindsay stood and intercepted Justin, pulling him into an embrace. He hesitated, but after a moment, he wrapped his arms around her.

‘They’re doing everything they can sweetheart’

‘If that rat kills Ty, I’m gonna kill him!’

‘No you won’t’

‘Lindsay…’ he pulls away ‘The man saved my life. Twice!’

‘I know’ she leads him to the couch, and he sits between the two woman, who both lean into him.

 

***

Horvath, picks up his phone on the first ring.

‘This had better be good news’

‘Detective Horvath. We are closing in. The property has been located, and the SWAT have begun mobilizing. I understand the hostage in this case is a con himself?’

‘Ex con officer. And he is not under any circumstances to be taken into custody. Understood?’

‘Crystal clear. The perp sir?’

‘To be arrested. But know that this man will not come easily. Avoid live fire if possible. He is armed, and considered mentally unstable’

‘Copy that sir’ the phone clicked as the call was disconnected. Carl debated calling Justin and updating him, But then thought the less he knew, the safer he’d be. He rubbed at his eyes, and headed to the kitchen for a much needed coffee

 

***

 

Justin had fallen asleep on Mel’s shoulder, despite his attempts not to. He was both physically and mentally exhausted. Lindsay whispered that she was going to check on Gus and JR. carefully she dislodged Justin’s hand from hers, and tiptoed out the room. Justin stirred but didn’t wake.

Mel was at a loss. Justin looked so vulnerable and lost right now. Gently she brushed the hair out off his forehead and rubbed his arm.

Just then Lindsay poked her head back round the door and held Mel’s phone out in front of her.

‘You have a message’ she mouthed. Mel raised her eyebrows in question ‘Horvath?’ Mel closed her eyes and let out a breath before looking at Lindsay again.

‘And?’

‘They found him. Don’t tell him’ she nodded her head in Justin’s direction, then disappeared again. Mel looked down at Justin who’s head had now sunk to her lap. Again she thought this grown man. Mature beyond his years looked so fragile.

 

***

 

Tyson came round, and grunted at the throbbing that now pounded in his left eye socket. He was also sure he heard shouting, which didn’t help the headache. He couldn’t make out words, but as he looked around him, he didn’t see Keven. He concentrated and tried to make out the words.

 

The negotiator repeated himself calmly.

‘We have the building surrounded Keven. Now we can do this so no one gets hurt, or we can do it the hard way. Surrender the hostage now, and you might get away with an assault and kidnap charge’

 

Tyson shook his head. ‘Pup’ he sighed

 

‘There was a deal. The dog for Eddy’

‘That’s not going to happen Keven’

‘I WILL KILL HIM!’

‘Keven, you do that, and you go away for 50 to life!’

 

***

Justin stirred on the couch. Mel and Lindsay weren’t in the room, so he sat up, and glanced at the front door. Listned to see if he could hear them, and decided he couldn’t. Standing up he managed to make his way to the entry and just had his hand on the handle when, he heard a throat being cleared behind him. Slowly he turned, and Mel stood with her phone to one ear and her other hand on her hip. She shook her head at Justin, and narrowed her eyes. Justin glared back at her, but she pointed back at the couch. He didn’t move, and she mouthed –Now- ‘I have to go. Yes, Love you too. Bye’ she shoved her cell in her pocked.

‘I can’t stay here Melanie!’

‘Yes you can and you will. You’re a walking dead man if you go out there. You know that! Now on the couch!’

‘So what? Am I supposed to just spend the rest of my life hiding?’

‘I didn’t say that. But you’ve got to let the professionals handle it’

‘Mel I really appreciate everything here…’

‘No buts Justin.’ Mel’s phone rang again, and she looked at the caller, took a deep breath

‘Hi. …yes. Not easily. No…crap…ok…ok…ok. Thankyou, bye’

‘That was Horvath wasn’t it?’

‘Honey…’

‘Don’t LIE to me’ Mel sighs. Damn Justin’s intuition.

‘Yes’

‘Well?’

‘They’ve located the building where Keven took Tyson. They’re negotiating now’

‘Where?’

‘I don’t know’

‘Where?’

‘Justin! I don’t know. Seriously honey. I don’t’ Justin reacted then not in a way she expected. He slid down the wall till his knees met his chin.

‘Come on Justin don’t break down. You’ve made such good progress over the last few months’ She came and sat down beside him, pulling him into a one arm hug

‘Mel, do you think if I didn’t want to be here, you could stop me?’ she was a bit surprised at that comment but shrugged.

‘Not really, no’ Mel really LOOKED at him. Justin wasn’t the thin long limbed teen that she’d met years ago anymore. In his black t-shirt and jeans, he had a broad chest and well defined shoulders. His arms weren’t overly muscled, but he obviously worked out and…

‘Justin, when did you get a tattoo?’

Justin looked down art his left arm. The edge of it was just peaking out under his sleeve. He laughed humorlessly.

‘Not long after Tyson was released. It’s a work in progress. I just haven’t got round to getting it finished’ Mel thought changing his focus by discussing anything other than Tyson might help

‘Can I see it?’ He shrugged, and she pushed his sleeve up higher. Even unfinished it was lovely. A bouquet of various flowers, running down a vine.

‘Wow. Does it represent anything?’

‘Tyson said ‘new life, new beginnings’ Mel’s phone beeped, and she pulled it out.

‘Situation is stable, but still no Tyson’

‘Is he alive?’ Mel responds to the text, and a moment later, gets another beep

‘The assumption is that he is. We don’t know if he has sustained any injury’

 

***

Keven had had enough. He wasn’t going to prison for this. He marched over to Tyson, hauled him to his feet, and shoved him out the front door with the gun pointed at his head. Once outside, he waved the gun every direction.

‘I’m NOT FUCKING GOING TO JAIL FOR THIS!!!’ He points the gun at Tyson’s head again and releases the safety with an audible click. But in a split second, an officer opens fire, and both Tyson and Keven fall to the ground.

‘Secure the suspect!’ But it wasn’t necessary. The shot had killed Keven instantly.

 

***

 

Mel’s phone beeped again and her eyebrows went up.

‘Fatal shot…’ Justin pulled away instantly

‘What?!’

‘Relax. Keven was the one killed. Tyson is fine. A little bruised, but otherwise ok’ Justin pushed himself up and went for the door again.

‘Justin…’

‘I’m going!’

‘I’m coming with you’ Mel yanked her keys out the bowl near the door, and she followed him out. Closing it behind her

 

Mel drove, while Justin monstered her phone for incoming calls and messages. They were headed to the station to meet with Horvath and the SWAT as well as reunite with Tyson.

 

When they got there, Justin Practically flew through the door, and up to reception

‘Tyson …freed hostage?’

‘Slow down son. What’s your name?’

‘Justin Taylor’

‘They’re in interview room 1…’ Justin started towards the door. The officer called out ‘Knock first!’

 

He rapped on the door, and a male voice gave permission to enter

Pushing the door open, he saw him. Ty looked up, and saw Justin staring at him, looking pale and tired.

 

‘Pup’ Completely disregarding the other people present, Justin walks over, meets a standing Tyson, and pulls him in for a searing kiss. Only broken by someone clearing their throat

‘And you are?’

‘Tyson’s boyfriend’

‘Obviously. No, I meant your name’

‘Justin’

‘Justin Taylor?’

‘Yes.’

‘Please have a seat’

‘Pup, I’m fine. Little bruised, but nothing broken or missing’ Justin sits in the chair beside Tyson and takes his hand

‘I was just asking Tyson to go over the events up till now’

***

 

Justin never took his eyes off Tyson as they walked through the front door.

As soon as the door shut, cloths were shed, and the two men didn’t even bother with the bed. Tyson shoved Justin up against the wall facing away from him, and begun to prepare him with his fingers. He was already hard and throbbing. Leaking pre-cum, thanks to the skilled hand of his lover in the car.

‘Oh gods…you’ve no idea how much I need you right now…’ Justin turned his head so he could kiss Tyson, and he thrust back onto those fingers deep inside. Tyson stretched his fingers, relaxing the muscle inside

‘Yeah I do, cause I’m the same. Fuck me already ’ Ty removed his fingers and lined himself up. He had to bend his knees a bit, being a little taller then Justin, and pushes in, finding little resistance.

They both moaned as he pushed all the way in. Ty leant forward and bit lightly at Justin’s shoulder.

‘Love you Justin’

‘I know. You too’

‘I’ll never let anyone hurt you’

‘Just keep yourself …safe, uh god!’ Ty pulled out and led Justin to the bed, laid him down on his back, lent over him and re entered that heat. They rocked against each other gently until they floated off into oblivion.

 

Sleeping soundly it was 6am the next day before either woke. Tyson was curled around Justin in a protective cocoon facing him.

‘Morning’

‘Mmm. What time is it? Justin’s stomach rumbled, and they both laughed. ‘Time to eat. When was the last time you ate pup?’

‘Couple days I guess’

‘What do you want?’

I can make pancakes…’ Justin started to get up, but Ty pulled him back down.

‘Let me. You did more than enough for me last night’ he leans in and kissed him softly, getting a moan in return. Justin wrapped his arms round Ty’s neck, until they couldn’t breath.

Justin’s stomach complained again, so Ty forced himself from Justin’s grip and headed to the kitchen.

Justin climbed off the bed, found and pulled on sweat pants, and padded in bare feet over to the counter island.

‘At least let me make coffee’

‘Be my guest. Well technically this is YOUR house, so I’m your guest’

‘Tyson, honey. I told you, this is as much your home as it is mine. It’s OUR home’

‘Then I need to start paying half the bills. Yes I know you can afford to keep me. But you shouldn’t have too. And I need to get a job’

‘That’s a good idea. It’ll give you something to do’

‘I’ll start looking today. There has to be something an ex con can do’

‘Did you have any job skills before jail?’

‘Not really. I was kind of a delinquent, remember?’

‘Well I’ll help you look. There has to be something.’

‘Hell I’d be happy just as a cleaner or something. Not like you need the money’

‘WE don’t. But working is good for the mind’

 

CHAPTER 5

‘How about college?”

‘Huh?’

‘Would you like to go to college? Get a certificate or something. It’ll increase you job potential’

‘I could’

‘What would interest you?

‘Justin I don’t even know what sort of people would hire an ex con’

‘Well maybe something that doesn’t mean being around people. Like working with animals?’

‘Maybe’

‘Like a strapper, or dog trainer…can you draw? Paint?

’Never really tried’ he laughs. ‘Art wasn’t really ever something I was encouraged to do. I do like animals though’

‘There’s one here for ‘dog trainer’ Help New dog owners train their puppies in basic obedience skills, that helps set them up for a happy and long life’ there’s a phone number here. Give them a ring’

Justin hands over the paper, and takes a sip of his coffee. Watches Ty scroll through the job classifieds

 

***

 

‘SNAP!’ Justin hangs his head, and Tyson grins. ‘Come on sugar, strip that jacket’ he laughs

‘Can’t believe I agreed to this’ Justin shimmies his coat off and lays it neatly next to him on the floor

‘Why? Afraid you’ll end up in your birthday suit before me?’

‘You wish!’ Justin shuffled the cards, and dealt them out. They commenced game 2. They were halfway through their respective hands before Justin slammed his hand down and winced, at the pain vibrating up his bad hand. He shook his hand out.

‘Snap…but ow’ Ty raised his eyebrows. ‘Just an old injury. Strip your t-shirt’ Tyson obliges and sets it aside. He was still wearing a white singlet underneath which set off his well toned chest and arms, and looked amazing against his dark skin

By the fourth round, both men were bare chested.

‘Think I might need to put the heater on.’ Justin pushed himself up and padded over to the controls. Giving Ty a very nice view of his jeans covered ass.

‘I don’t know, things are pretty hot from where I am’ Justin rolled his eyes over his shoulder, then returned to sit cross legged on the floor.

Round 5 Tyson was sitting in nothing but his Jockey breifs, while Justin still had his jeans on. And to Justins delight, Ty’s attire, left nothing to the imagination. He could tell Ty was already hardening. If he was honest, his own pants were getting a little tight, and he secretly wished he’d loose a game just so he could strip

Again Justin won the game and he groaned. Partly because he knew what Ty had to strip, and partly, because he couldn’t.

‘Please don’t make me say it’ Ty just grinned. ‘You are enjoying this far too much!’

‘I like seeing you squirm’ Justin rolls his eyes, but gives his best smile none the less.

‘Tyson…strip off your …briefs’

Tyson kneels, turns his back to Justin and sticks out his ass. Slowly, deliberately, his slid the white cloth down over his rear and his hips. Giving a little sway in the process.

‘God you’re a fucking tease!’ The briefs were thrown at Justin’s face as Ty sat back down at an angle, where everything was in plain sight. Tyson dealt the cards this time, and Justin sent up a silent prayer when he lost. He shed his jeans without waiting for Ty’s order, and tossed them aside. Ty laughed.

‘We still have twister to do.’

‘That was YOUR idea!’

‘One more round, and if you win, strip anyway. Cause I got nothing left to loose’ they both laugh

Fortune would have it, Tyson won the last round, and Justin returned Ty’s earlier action of throwing his own briefs at Ty’s face. Which the man caught in his hand before they hit him, and threw them back at Justin who dodged.

Ty pounced, pinning Justin to the floor, and took the already hard dick in his mouth. Justin let out a groan, as Ty’s tongue traced little circles around the sensitive head

Ty did something then, which he’d never done before, he deep throated, and swallowed. His throat contracting around Justin in such a way, he came instantly

‘Ohhh I’m not done with you yet. Roll over. On your stomach’ Tyson straddled the back of Justin’s calves and, honed in on his target. He pressed lightly with his tongue at first. Feather touches, teasing the now wriggling blonde beneath him. He gave Justin’s butt a light slap. Tyson kept pushing his tongue in as far as he could past the rosebud. Eventually though this wasn’t enough for either of them. Ty rocked back on his heels, and pulled Justin’s hips up so he was on hands and knees.

‘Not gonna hurt you pup’

‘Just do it’

 

Both out of breath and heaving but satisfied, Justin dropped to his stomach with Tyson draped over his back

‘I can’t move my limbs’

‘Sorry’ Tyson started to move

‘No. Stay..i …just give me a few minutes’

 

***

 

The restaurant was almost full by the time they arrived. They approached the check in woman.

 

‘Good evening gentlemen. Do you have a reservation?’

‘Taylor’ Her eyes scrolled down the list slowly.

‘Ah yes. Here you are. Table for two in the …oh.’ She smiles ‘That room doesn’t get booked often. It’s pricy’

Justin smiles at Tyson

‘My partner has never been to a fancy French restaurant. It’s my gift.’ The woman looked at Justin’s young appearance. Clearly making assumptions.

‘My late fiancé was wealthy. I inherited everything he ever owned. Including his business. Now I want to spoil my boyfriend. It’s our 1 year anniversary’ he smiles at Tyson again, who in response wraps a possessive arm around Justin’s waist

‘Follow me please’ She led them through the rows of tables in the ‘common’ area through to a room that was created by a dark frosted glass petition. Inside the room was a single table with 2 chairs. The room had a panoramic view out to the ocean, and the sun which would be setting in the next hour or so.

The table was set out with a fine pale blue silk cloth, a small single white day lilly was in a bud vase, and a tea light candle burned in a crystal holder

‘Holy fu…wow’ Tyson’s eyes were huge. The waitress pulled out one of the chairs for Tyson, then came round and did the same for Justin. She placed the menus in front of each man, and unfolded the napkins.

‘We will give you some time to go over the menu. Then one of my colleagues will be in to take your orders. Have a lovely evening gentlemen’ she closed the door as she left, and Justin noticed then that they could see out into the main area, but no one else was able to see into the private room.

 

Half an hour later, and their meal had been delivered. The entre had been a mushroom crepe, and now they were digging into Coq au vin.

The sun was just beginning to touch the horizon.

 

‘How did you know about this place pup? It’s …’

‘Amazing.’

‘You’ve been here before’

‘Once. But not in this room’

‘With Brian?’ Justin swallowed. ‘It’s ok Justin. That was then. This is now. This is US and I’m glad you brought me here’ Justin let out a breath of relief

‘Although now I’m thinking there may be a bigger reason you booked this room. We could have just gone anywhere. But you bought me here…’

‘Tyson. I wanted to do something special for a couple reasons. The first being that I wanted to show you how grateful I am. Without wanting to sound like a lesbian…you have gone beyond what I’ve ever asked for. You had the chance to leave me, and you didn’t. even at my worst. And I really don’t deserve it’

‘I can’t think of anyone who deserves it more pup. I’m not with you because I feel trapped or because I have to be. I’m with you because I want to be. Because I love you. I will fight for you, with you. forever’

‘I know. And that’s why I knew I had to do this’ Justin stands from his chair and comes round to Tyson’s side, bends down on one knee, and produces a small blue velvet box. Opening it as he extends it towards Tyson.

‘Tyson James Barret. Will you do me the honor of being my husband?’

Tyson licked his lips and swallowed hard. Never in his life did he ever think he was husband material, much less thought anyone would propose to him. His drunken father would often try to beat such ‘ridiculous notions’ from his brain with the belt. Ty reminded himself to stop being so damn girly and answer the man he’d fallen for.

‘Yes, Justin Taylor. I will marry you’ Tyson pulled the blonde up to straddle his lap, and pulled him in for a kiss so full of passion. They never even noticed the waitress as she cleared the table

 

FIN

 

 

 

 

 

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1324