Net Friends by Thyme
Summary:

 

Justin meets a friend he has only known through the internet.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Original Character, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: None
Genres: Alternate Universe
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: Net Friends
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 28252 Read: 16012 Published: Aug 14, 2018 Updated: Aug 14, 2018

1. Chapter 1 by Thyme

2. Chapter 2 by Thyme

3. Chapter 3 by Thyme

4. Chapter 4 by Thyme

5. Chapter 5 by Thyme

6. Chapter 6 by Thyme

7. Chapter 7 by Thyme

8. Chapter 8 by Thyme

9. Chapter 9 by Thyme

10. Chapter 10 by Thyme

Chapter 1 by Thyme



Net Friends

Chapter 1

Justin closed his sketchbook with a sigh. It just wasn't working tonight. Everything he drew looked like shit. Brian was out with Michael and the guys, probably at Woody's. He wished now that he had gone, but he really hadn't felt like it. He also knew that Brian needed some time with his friends.

Since Brian had lost his job they had far too much time together. Brian was freelancing and working from home while he shopped his resume around. Justin had managed to make the necessary apologies and get back into PIFA. He had done that without compromising all of his principles. He frowned thinking about the apology he had sent to Gardner Vance and the carefully worded almost apology that had gone to Stockwell. That still grated on him. Brian had told him to do it and had even helped him write it. There was an implied apology without actually saying it. The disciplinary board at PIFA had accepted it and sent it on to Stockwell. Nothing further had been heard from the chief of police who was now embroiled in the scandal about his former partner and Dumpster Boy. Justin wondered how soon Stockwell would be forced to resign. It served him right.

Justin stood up and stretched. He went to his computer and decided to surf the net a bit. He looked at some of his favorite sites, stopping at Art Nouveau, a site for young artists to chat, share ideas and talk about their work. He read some of the messages on the discussion board.

His favorite artist happened to be on line. His handle was Pablo's Pet because he admired Picasso. Each person on the site chose a name that had to do with an artist they admired. Justin's nickname was Freudian Slip because he admired the work of Lucien Freud. Justin typed in a request and IM'd Pet.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: Hey dude, haven't talked to you in a bit. What R U working on these days?

Slip: Just work for school. My muse has departed for points unknown.

Pet: Too bad.

Slip: Yeah, it is and I'm stuck here all by myself.

Pet: Can I help?

Slip: Not really, but you can talk to me.

Pet: What do you want to talk about?

Slip: I don't know. I'm just feeling restless.

Pet: Where's the boyfriend?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin chuckled. Pet always called Brian "the boyfriend" ever since Justin had told him about the man he lived with.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: Out with friends.

Pet: And he left you all alone? Is he stupid or what?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin chuckled again. Brian would not like being referred to as stupid, but sometimes he was, especially in matters of the heart. Pet always marveled that Justin would stay with someone who treated him the way Brian did. Pet seemed to understand Justin in a way that Brian never did.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: U still there?

Slip: Sorry … I was thinking.

Pet: About what?

Slip: About how you say the sweetest things.

Pet: I do? I only speak the truth.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin laughed. Pet always made him feel better.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: You always know how to cheer me up.

Pet: That's my mission in life.

Slip: And quite a mission it is! (Laughing)

Pet: I'm not kidding. You deserve the best.

Slip: How would you know that? You've never met me.

Pet: I get a real feel for you over the net. You're sweet.

Slip: Thanks, so R U.

Pet: We should meet sometime. We're kindred spirits.

Slip: I'd like that. I feel like I know you already.

Pet: You do.

Slip: I have to go. My boyfriend will be back soon.

Pet: Hot date?

Slip: He doesn't do dates.

Pet: Is he crazy or what?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin laughed out loud.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: You thought he was stupid a few minutes ago.

Pet: Crazy, stupid! I don't think he deserves you.

Slip: Neither do I sometimes. Anyway, gotta go.

Pet: If you ever want to talk just let me know. I'm always here for you.

Slip: Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin logged off. He liked talking to Pet. He always made Justin feel great about himself, especially when Brian didn't.

Justin decided to climb into bed and read for awhile. He hoped Brian would be home soon. They could fuck and maybe he'd feel better. He hated it when he felt restless and unsatisfied. It was sort of like this before he found Ethan. Shit! Where did that come from? He pushed the thought out of his head and picked up his book to read.

The book was "Wuthering Heights", supposedly the greatest love story, timeless. The language was impossible, some sort of dialect. Justin had no idea why anyone would want to be with the oaf Heathcliff. Maybe he was better when he was with Cathy, but early in the story he just seemed surly and uncommunicative, a bit like someone else he knew.

He put the book on the nightstand and slid down in the bed. His hand gravitated to a certain spot and he began stroking himself. He was getting close when he heard the loft door slide back. He stopped and sat up.

"Brian?" he called.

"Were you expecting someone else?" Brian said making his way up the steps.

"No," Justin giggled.

Brian sat on the edge of the bed and kissed Justin. He tasted like cigarettes and bourbon with a scent that was uniquely Brian.

"Someone started without me," Brian singsonged, his hand having found Justin's erection.

"I missed you," Justin said huskily.

"We can take care of that."

"Can we?"

"Uh huh."

Brian's hand continued to stroke through the sheet. Justin slumped back against the pillow allowing the sensations to sweep through him. He moaned softly and licked his lips.

"Want me to finish you off this way?"

"Blowjob," Justin gasped.

Brian threw back the covers and his bare hand grasped Justin's purple cock. The boy arched up and almost came. He emitted a long moan.

"Easy," Brian whispered kissing him and keeping his hand still, but wrapped firmly around Justin's throbbing dick. "I'm going to make you feel so good."

Brian slid down and his soft, warm mouth engulfed Justin's cock. He held it there allowing the heat and saliva and air to surround it. He heard Justin sigh. Softly at first he slid his lips up and down the shaft. He held the mushroom head in his mouth running his tongue through the slit. Justin arched again and cried out. Brian slid his mouth down burying his nose in Justin's pubic hair. He sniffed and then opened his mouth to blow out a breath. Justin grabbed his hair. Brian began to work up and down more firmly and rapidly. He could feel Justin's cock swell even more. His hand cupped Justin's balls and rolled them around.

Justin felt like the world was spinning out of control. Brian could do things to his body that no one else could. He felt Brian grasp his sac and squeeze and he cried out. He was so close. Brian licked along the throbbing vein on his dick and then sucked it from top to bottom. Justin grabbed Brian's hair again and pulled. Brian swallowed around his cock and Justin exploded. He felt the warm fluid shoot out from his slit and knew Brian was capturing it all in his soft mouth. He felt Brian suck the last of it out of him and he let out a long breath, finally able to breathe again.

Brian lay down beside him and pulled him close. "I'm going to fuck your brains out as soon as you recover."

Justin managed a little huff of laughter. This was one of the amazing things about Brian. He could be sweet and sensitive one minute and then rough and hard the next. Justin loved it both ways. In fact, he loved it any way he could get it from Brian. If only every other part of their relationship was as easy as sex. Justin sighed again as he felt Brian's hand start to stroke him back to erection. He was ready for another go. This one would be very different from the blowjob, and that was just fine.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin awoke and glanced at the clock. It was five in the morning, still dark and he was alone. Where was Brian? He sat up and saw a light at Brian's computer desk. The man was sitting there, maybe working.

"Brian?" Justin said getting up and wrapping the sheet around him.

"Go back to sleep," Brian said bluntly.

"Is something wrong?" Justin asked as he came down the steps.

"I couldn't sleep. I thought I'd do a little work."

"I missed you."

Brian sighed. "Go back to bed."

"What's going on?" Justin asked trying to understand why Brian was being so distant when they had been so close only a short time ago.

"Nothing's going on. Go to sleep," Brian insisted.

"But…"

"Just stop. I'm fine. Go to bed."

Justin knew there wasn't much chance of getting anywhere with Brian when he was in this frame of mind. He pulled the sheet tighter and made his way up to the bedroom. He wished Brian would talk to him instead of treating him like a little kid and sending him to bed.

He wondered if Brian was worried about finances. They had been economizing as best they could. Brian was bringing in money but nowhere near what he made at Vangard. Justin hoped somebody would hire Brian to a better job soon. He knew that Brian hated having to count pennies. It went against everything he had worked his whole life for.

Justin wanted to help and he brought in some money from his job at the diner, but things were still tight. He wanted to talk to Brian about where they were going but Brian always cut him off. He wanted to be included in things, and not just the good things. He wondered if Brian would ever treat him as an equal. Probably not until he became an equal in earning power, and when would that day ever come? He sighed and curled up under the covers. He hoped he could get an hour or two more of sleep. He didn't want to think about this stuff anymore.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin walked down the hallway to his next class. As he rounded the corner he bumped into someone and heard some books hit the floor.

"Sorry," he said as he turned to see who it was. He was about to bend over to help pick up the books when the tone of voice stopped him.

"Fucking idiot, don't you ever watch where you're going?" a rather handsome young man demanded, apparently not at all pleased about having Justin crash into him.

"I said I was sorry," Justin said turning away and deciding to get out of there in a hurry.

"Fucking faggot!" he heard called to him as he walked away.

Shit! He had thought he'd got away from all that crap when he left St. James. He felt a tear on his cheek and quickly wiped it away. Jesus, why was he letting that asshole upset him so much. He passed the computer lab and hesitated. He should go to his class on "Wuthering Heights" but he had read very little of the novel finding it boring, incomprehensible and totally uninteresting. He made a quick decision and went into the lab finding a vacant computer. He logged on and went to Art Nouveau. He hoped Picasso's Pet would be on line. He needed to talk to someone.

Luck was with him and he initiated an IM session.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: I'm so glad you're here.

Pet: I told you I'm always here for you. What's wrong?

Slip: How do you know something's wrong?

Pet: U don't usually start out that way unless there is.

Slip: Really? U can tell by my first words?

Pet: Yep. So what's going on?

Slip: I'm at school and somebody just called me a faggot because I ran into him accidentally.

Pet: That's the shits.

Slip: Yeah, I thought that wouldn't happen here at a fine arts college.

Pet: I wouldn't have thought so either, but you never know where homophobic assholes will turn up.

Slip: No, U don't. Have U ever had that happen to you?

Pet: Yeah, I'm at a regular university taking art. It happens a lot with the jocks.

Slip: Remember that well … from my high school days.

Pet: Not much fun is it?

Slip: U got that right.

Pet: I try to remember how ignorant they are and then plot my revenge.

Slip: U plan revenge against them?

Pet: Yep, and it calms me right down when I work out the perfect punishment for them.

Slip: But U never carry it out, do you?

Pet: Once or twice.

Slip: NO!!!!!!!!!

Pet: Just kidding.

Slip: What kind of punishments do U devise?

Pet: Hmm, let me see? Once this guy asked me out and then left me sitting in a restaurant for a couple of hours. Just never showed up. No phone call. Nothing. I was pissed and embarrassed.

Slip: So what was the revenge?

Pet: I sent him some chocolates.

Slip: Chocolates? That doesn't sound like much of a revenge.

Pet: There was a little more to it.

Slip: Like what?

Pet: They were injected with something.

Slip: What?

Pet: Fill it in with the worst thing you can think of.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin didn't know what that might be but he immediately thought of poison.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: You're kidding, right?

Pet: Maybe.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin didn't like the way this was going. He never thought about this side of Pet. He always seemed so nice and kind.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: Are U there?

Slip: Yeah. What actually did you put in the chocolates?

Pet: Nothing. I told U that it was devised in my head.

Slip: So U never actually did any of this?

Pet: Of course not. Sounds like I had U going there for a minute, but I would have used poison if I was really going to do this.

Slip: But U wouldn't really do it, would U?

Pet: Of course not. I'm a nice guy.

Slip: Right! I should have known better than to think…

Pet: It's a joke.

Slip: Sure.

Pet: So do U feel better? Did I take your mind off what happened?

Slip: Yeah.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin grinned to himself. Pet was a riot. For a minute he had actually thought that Pet might have done what he said, but he should have known better.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: Glad I could cheer U up.

Slip: How come you're always here when I need you?

Pet: I'm talented.

Slip: That's for sure. Gotta go, another class. Talk to U later.

Pet: Bye.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin logged off. He wondered how Pet had so much time to spend on the computer. Justin sure didn't. He was always on line when Justin went looking for him. Justin didn't know how Pet did it but at the moment he was glad that Pet had been there for him.

Chapter 2 by Thyme

 

Net Friends

Chapter 2

Brian stood outside the Big Q. He was waiting for Justin to arrive. They were going to … shop. Brian shuddered. They needed basics like toothpaste and shampoo and toilet paper. Brian's special shampoo had almost run out and Justin was forcing them to economize with the fine products one could obtain at the fucking Big Q. Brian shuddered again.

Finally a car pulled up and Justin jumped out. He waved to someone and the car peeled away.

"Who the fuck was that?" Brian asked.

"One of the guys from IFA," Justin replied.

"I could have picked you up."

"I intended to take the bus, but I got busy with a painting and then it was too late. I met Rod in the parking lot and he said he was coming this way and would drop me off."

"Rod?"

"That's his name." Justin started towards the doors of the store. He wanted to get Brian inside before he changed his mind.

"And what sort of art does he do?" Brian felt compelled to ask. He could imagine what an artist named Rod might produce.

Justin chuckled. "He's a Teaching Assistant. He's in the drama department. Actually he's a writer … plays. I've seen one of his productions. It was really … different."

"And how do you come to know Rod?" Brian asked with a sneer for the name. Justin pulled out a shopping cart and they started down an aisle.

"I told you that he's a TA. I've had a couple of tutorials with him," Justin explained as they headed into the personal care section of the store.

"Humph," was Brian's response.

"Are you jealous?" Justin asked with a wicked grin.

"I don't…"

"…do jealous. I know." Justin felt strangely smug. He suspected there was a certain degree of jealousy in Brian's interrogation about Rod. It made him feel … warm.

Justin began filling the cart with shampoo and deodorant and toothpaste, taking the cheapest one or the one supposedly on sale.

"I hope you don't expect me to use this crap."

"I certainly do," Justin stated. "We agreed we were economizing and this is a lot cheaper than the designer name brand stuff you always buy." Justin threw a monstrous size package of toilet paper into the cart.

"No rimming for you, young man, when your ass is all rough and chafed from using that," Brian said gesturing at the package.

"I'll survive," Justin grinned.

"Don't be so sure," Brian said with a leer and a strategic bump against Justin's groin.

"Stop that," Justin ordered already feeling the effects of any contact from Brian. "I need a couple of cheap T-shirts to wear to the diner. I can never get the grease out of them."

Brian groaned but followed him to the men's wear department. He couldn't believe that this fucking place even had a men's wear department. He stood in the aisle while Justin rummaged through a pile of T-shirts. The blond twat even had the nerve to hold up a pale pink one and say that it would look good on Brian. Brian was going to kill him when they got home, sooner if he didn't hurry up.

"Brian!" a voice yelled.

Brian turned knowing who it was and dreading what was coming.

"What the fuck are you doing at the Big Q?" Michael asked as he came up to Brian.

"Slumming."

"In the clothing department? I didn't think you'd be caught dead wearing anything from here."

"I wouldn't."

"Then what…?" Michael began looking around.

Justin waved from behind the table of T-shirts. "Hi, Michael," Justin called.

Michael waved, "I should have known you'd be here with the wife," he said rather derisively.

Brian shot Michael a warning look and then glanced at Justin who seemed not to have heard. "We're not even living together," Brian said through gritted teeth, "so stop with that shit!"

"Sure looks like you are to me," Michael continued pointing to the contents of the shopping cart.

"Michael," Brian said in a threatening tone.

"Okay, okay. Want to come to Woody's later?"

"Maybe," Brian said non-committally.

"We had fun the other night. I think Emm is coming, and Ben."

"We'll see."

"Sure," Michael pouted. He waved to Justin and started down the aisle. "I'll see you later if you can spare the time," he called over his shoulder.

"What was that all about?" Justin asked.

"The usual shit."

"He wants you to meet him tonight?"

"Yeah, at Woody's."

"So go."

Brian raised his eyebrows studying his … whatever the fuck Justin was to him. "Can we get out of this shit hole now?" he asked wondering why everything had to be so complicated.

Justin nodded. "You've been a good boy so I'll give you your reward either before or after you go to Woody's," Justin said with a lascivious smile.

"Both."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Brian had gone to Woody's an hour before. Justin had debated going but he really had to read "Wuthering Heights". He had been plowing through it for almost an hour and he was none the wiser. He closed the book with a snap and tossed it onto the floor beside the old couch they had been given by his mother.

He knew the couch and the whole state of his finances irked Brian no end. His ass was sore from making it up to Brian after they came back from the Big Q. He smiled even as he squirmed in discomfort. His ass wasn't done yet. Brian had asked him to stay all night … again. He had a little more to atone for. He smiled.

He hoped Brian was having a good time at Woody's. That fucking Michael had called him "the wife" at the Big Q. He had heard him even though he didn't let on. He had heard Brian's denial too. According to him they didn't live together, except that Justin spent most nights there. He was at Daphne's less than half the time. He wondered if Brian would ever acknowledge their relationship. Oh well, there was no point in dwelling on that touchy subject.

Justin walked over to the computer and logged on. He wondered if Pet would be on Art Nouveau. Sure enough he was.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: Hi, Pet. What's new?

Pet: Not much.

Slip: Me either.

Pet: How's the boyfriend?

Slip: Out with his friends.

Pet: Again?

Slip: Yep, but I told him to go.

Pet: Why would you do that?

Slip: He needs time with his friends. I need time alone.

Pet: To get in touch with me.

Slip: Seems that way, doesn't it?

Pet: I'm flattered. I'm getting all excited.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin laughed.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: Don't get too overwrought.

Pet: I'll try, but you know I'm your biggest fan.

Slip: You've never even seen my work.

Pet: Who's talking about work?

Slip: Then what do you mean?

Pet: I get all tingly when you log on.

Slip: You're kidding, right?

Pet: Of course not.

Slip: What?

Pet: I'm kidding. U are so easy sometimes.

Slip: Yeah, I guess I am.

Pet: Hey, I was reading in the local art rag that the Warhol Gallery in Pittsburgh has a show of young artists on till the end of the month.

Slip: Yeah, I've been meaning to go but I haven't made it yet.

Pet: Have U been to the gallery?

Slip: Once.

Pet: Is it good?

Slip: If you like Warhol.

Pet: U don't?

Slip: Not one of my favorites, but he sure knew how to sell his work.

Pet: Yeah, I've always admired what he did. He had a big effect on pop culture.

Slip: For sure.

Pet: I thought I might try to get to Pittsburgh by the end of the month. I could check out the museum and the young artists show.

Slip: Sounds like a plan.

Pet: I like to see what other young artists are doing.

Slip: Sometimes I worry about inadvertently copying their work.

Pet: I never worry about that. I use what I see to inspire me. So what if it looks like someone else's work.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

That statement worried Justin. He knew he wouldn't like anybody copying his ideas.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: I'd love to see your work. I could come for the weekend.

Slip: That sounds great. Where will you be coming from?

Pet: Cleveland.

Slip: That's not too far. Do you have a car?

Pet: No, can't afford one. I'll take the bus. It won't be so bad.

Slip: I guess. Where will you stay?

Pet: With you.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin gasped. He liked Pet and would be happy to put him up if he had room.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: I don't have any room.

Pet: Even in the boyfriend's lavish condo.

Slip: It's not so lavish. There's only one bedroom.

Pet: I could share with him.

Slip: I hope you're kidding.

Pet: I am.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin breathed a sigh of relief. He knew Pet couldn't stay with him but he hadn't been sure how to turn him away. He had seemed so persistent.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: So where will you stay?

Pet: I'll get a cheap motel. It won't cost too much.

Slip: I could look into some of them for you.

Pet: That would be great.

Slip: No problem.

Pet: Last weekend in February.

Slip: Sure.

Pet: I'll really be happy to finally meet U.

Slip: Me too.

Pet: I don't even know your real name.

Slip: It's Justin. What's yours?

Pet: Rue.

Slip: Rue?

Pet: Yeah, do U like it?

Slip: very unusual.

Pet: It's short for Ruben which sounds so geeky. I shortened it to Rue and I use it to sign all my artwork.

Slip: Have you sold any pieces?

Pet: Not yet, but I hope to. Have you?

Slip: Not exactly, but I've had my work in a couple of shows.

Pet: I really want to see some of your work while I'm there.

Slip: I'd love to see yours too. Can you bring your portfolio?

Pet: I'll bring some stuff.

Slip: Great.

Pet: I'm really glad to get a chance to meet you.

Slip: It will be kind of strange because I've developed an image of what I think you look like.

Pet: What is it?

Slip: I don't want to say in case I'm totally wrong.

Pet: I've done the same, so we'll have to compare notes.

Slip: Yeah.

Pet: I can hardly wait.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin was about to reply when he heard the loft door being opened.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: Gotta go. My boyfriend just came home; only don't tell him I call him that.

Pet: I'll keep your secret. U can trust me. Bye.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin logged off quickly as Brian came in. Brian came over and gave him a quick kiss as Justin shut down the site.

"What were you up to on the internet?" Brian asked.

"Just surfing."

"Really?" Brian asked. "You shut it off in a hurry when I came in. Checking out my porn sites?"

"No," Justin said. "I don't need porn sites. I have you."

"So why do you still have your clothes on?"

"That can be remedied," Justin replied standing and starting to shed his clothes. "You're home early, aren't you?"

"Maybe," Brian said standing back and enjoying the view as Justin's already semi-erect cock popped out of his jeans. The boy then turned as he stepped out of his jeans and underwear so that Brian could get a full view of his ass.

He heard the audible groan that his actions elicited from his boyfriend. He grinned to himself thinking about that term and what Pet always said about "the boyfriend". Brian would kill him if he knew. He'd have to figure out what to say about Pet coming to Pittsburgh. That could be tricky.

"Are you going to stand there forever waggling that bubble butt of yours in my fucking face?" Brian asked shifting his erection to lessen the tightness of his own jeans.

"Didn't you find any hot guys at Woody's?" Justin asked turning and grinning at Brian. He had accomplished what he set out to do. The bulge in Brian's pants was very evident.

"Nobody as hot as what was waiting for me at home."

Justin flashed one of his sunshine smiles at Brian's compliment. "I'm glad you realize that."

Brian reached out and grabbed Justin's wrist pulling his naked body against his own fully clothed one. His lips crushed Justin's in a smoldering kiss and he ground his erection against Justin's naked cock.

"Bedroom. Now!" Brian ordered as he began ripping off his clothes.

By the time they reached the bed they were both naked and ready. Brian pushed his young lover down and sprawled his body atop Justin's. He rubbed his aching cock across Justin's groin while his mouth continued to ravish the full lips. Soon he donned a condom and forced his pulsing dick through the first ring of muscle in Justin's hole. With the next thrust he was in and the ride began. They always knew how to arouse each other to the ultimate. When they came the feeling was so intense and fulfilling for each of them. Sex was always perfect.

As they came to their senses Brian rolled off and disposed of the condom. He let out a long breath and waited for his heart rate to settle down.

"That was great," Justin said smiling over at him.

"It's always great between us," Brian said with a matching smile.

Justin stared at the ceiling trying to decide how he could broach the subject of Pet, or Rue as he now knew, coming to Pittsburgh.

"What are you planning?" Brian asked looking at Justin and deciding that something was definitely up.

"Planning?"

"That's what I said."

"What makes you think I'm planning something?"

"Call it fag intuition," Brian said rather caustically. It didn't seem like Justin was ready to tell him.

"I like fags," Justin said with a grin as he rolled over and captured Brian's lips in a kiss. He wasn't ready to discuss Rue yet. He could distract Brian until the time was right. And the distraction would be very nice.

Chapter 3 by Thyme

 

Net Friends

Chapter 3

Justin slid into the seat at a computer. He was at PIFA between classes and he had decided that he better contact Rue and find out exactly what was happening. If indeed Rue was coming to Pittsburgh in a few days then he better tell Brian. He logged on.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: Hey, good to hear from U. How did it go with the boyfriend the other day?

Slip: Um…great.

Pet: U always say that.

Slip: That's because it always is great.

Pet: Lucky U. I'm jealous.

Slip: Anybody would be. Brian's the best.

Pet: U don't always say that.

Slip: Sometimes we have our disagreements.

Pet: Will I get to meet him when I come to Pittsburgh?

Slip: I hope so. Actually that's why I contacted you. Are U coming for sure?

Pet: Yep. I already checked the bus schedule and bought a ticket. I'll be there Friday evening about 7:30.

Slip: Great.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin wondered how great it would really be. He suspected that Brian wouldn't like this at all. He'd have to tell him tonight.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: Can U meet me at the bus station?

Slip: I guess. I'll try, but I may have to do something else. Let me talk to Brian first.

Pet: Do U have to get his permission for everything?

Slip: Of course not!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin was annoyed, annoyed because there was a grain of truth to Pet's statement. He did need Brian's permission for a lot of things, because Brian paid for almost everything, and made most of the decisions. Shit! He didn't want to go there.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: Are U still there?

Slip: Sure.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

He was wondering if maybe this was all a big mistake and he should tell Pet that he couldn't meet him. Maybe tell him not to come at all.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: I'm really looking forward to meeting you.

Slip: Me too. Justin lied.

Pet: Will you be able to come with me to the Warhol on Saturday.

Slip: I'll try.

Pet: It will be so much more fun if U can.

Slip: I'll do my best.

Pet: Would we be able to go to that club you talk about sometimes?

Slip: U mean Babylon?

Pet: Yeah.

Slip: Maybe…on Saturday night.

Pet: That would be great!

Slip: Right.

Pet: Maybe I could find a boyfriend as great as yours.

Slip: U never know.

Pet: I'm so excited. It's going to be great, meeting U, hanging out together, going to Babylon.

Slip: Yeah.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin had to admit that Pet's enthusiasm was infectious. He was looking forward to meeting his "net friend". He had an image of what Pet would be like and he was eager to see if his idea was correct. He had always enjoyed their internet conversations. Pet was so understanding and sometimes made him realize truths that he didn't always want to see. He wondered if all that would be true in person. He didn't see how it could be otherwise. He realized he was smiling in spite of himself. He actually was looking forward to their time together.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: Can't wait.

Pet: Justin, are U excited?

Pet: Justin!

Pet: Have U logged off?

Slip: Sorry, I was just thinking.

Pet: No problem.

Slip: I have to go to class. I'll let U know before Friday about meeting U at the bus station.

Pet: Talk to U soon and see U before long.

Slip: Yeah.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin logged off. He had some things to do before he could meet Pet. The first one was to talk to Brian. He was very sure that Brian wouldn't want to be taking Pet to Babylon. He'd have to really work on that one. Maybe he and Pet could go without Brian. Yeah, that was a surefire plan!

Justin wondered what he had gotten himself into. He liked Pet a lot and appreciated the way the guy had always supported him online. Meeting him was like … a blind date, yeah a blind date. It was going to be awkward but they would get past it, and he was sure that he was going to like Pet, or Rue as he should be calling him, a lot.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Brian looked at Justin as he wolfed down his burger. They were seated in the diner, Justin taking his break for supper and Brian there to keep him company. He had felt for the last two days that Justin had something to tell him, something that the boy seemed unable to get out. Justin was working on his fries when he looked up and realized that Brian had been studying him.

"What?" he asked with his mouth full.

"Why don't you just spill and save us both the aggravation and worry?"

Justin looked sheepish and stuffed another fry into his mouth as he decided what to say. "I do have something I want to run past you."

"No shit!"

"I'm not sure how you'll react and I don't want to fight."

"Tell me or we start fighting right now," Brian ordered narrowing his eyes to make his point.

"Okay," Justin said wiping his mouth. He had suddenly lost his appetite. "You know I belong to an internet chat group called 'Art Nouveau'?"

"Actually, no, I didn't," Brian said with a frown trying to figure out what this had to do with anything.

"Well I do. I chat to other young artists about our work and what's going on in our lives."

"So," Brian said with annoyance. He couldn't see what this was all about.

"Um … one of the people I chat with … um … is coming to Pittsburgh on Friday," Justin said in a rush like skipping over the words would make it all right or Brian might not hear it all and he could avoid explaining.

"So?"

"His name's Pet, actually Picasso's Pet. We each have a name related to an artist that we like."

"So?" Brian repeated.

"Well, his real name is Rue. That's what he calls himself. It's really Ruben, but he shortened it to Rue because he thought it would make for a more interesting artist's name. It is kind of different." Justin stopped abruptly realizing that he had been rambling and unable to stop.

"So?" Brian hoped the blond jabberwocky across from him might get to the point soon.

"So, he's coming here on Friday and I'm supposed to meet him at the bus terminal downtown."

"You're meeting someone from the internet downtown?" Brian asked, a sudden chill creeping along his spine. "Are you fucking nuts?"

"No," Justin said shocked at Brian's reaction. He thought Brian wouldn't like the whole Pet thing, but he hadn't expected this level of disapproval. "Why did you react like that?" He could hardly wait till he told Brian that they were taking Pet to Babylon on Saturday night.

"I don't think meeting people off the internet is very wise … or safe."

"Why? Pet and I have been talking for months. I feel like I already know him."

"But that's the point. You don't know him."

"What do you mean?"

"You only know what he has chosen to reveal about himself. He could be anyone, anything, from an axe murderer to a fucking Republican!"

Justin almost choked on his Coke as he had taken a sip to relieve some of the dryness that had suddenly crept up his throat. "I'm sure he's neither of those things," Justin said with a chuckle.

"This isn't fucking funny, Justin! You don't know what you're getting into."

"I'm not getting into anything," Justin replied defensively. "I'm just going to meet a friend."

"You shouldn't be meeting anyone from the internet."

"You used to meet them all the time, and probably still do."

"What do you mean?" Brian asked raising his eyebrows.

"Remember Mr. Goodfuck?"

"That was sex, not friendship."

"And your point would be?"

"That I wasn't setting myself up to be hurt."

"And neither am I. You could have been killed by Mr. Goodfuck or any of the thousands of other men you found by whatever means. I've talked to Pet, Rue, and I like him."

Brian shook his head. "You're going to regret this. What's on the internet should stay on the internet. You can't trust anything they say."

"Are you speaking from personal experience?" Justin asked.

"Maybe, but the fact remains that I think this is a bad idea."

"And I think it's a good idea," Justin retorted fed up with Brian's negative attitude. "I have to get back to work." Justin slid out of the booth and stood up. Brian grabbed his wrist before he moved away.

"I mean it, Justin. Tell him not to come, or just forget to meet him."

"No," Justin said firmly. "If you're really worried about me, why don't you come to the bus station with me?"

Brian groaned. "I don't do bus stations."

"Fine, then leave me alone. I'll go by myself, and I'm taking him to Babylon on Saturday night. I had hoped you would go with us, but don't bother."

Justin walked away hearing Brian's groan as he left.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin sat at his computer in the loft. He had moved it back when he and Brian sort of got back together after the Stockwell fiasco. Sometimes he wished he had left it at Daphne's. He still spent a night there now and then when he and Brian had a spat or when one or the other of them needed some space.

They had had a spat at the diner and Justin wasn't at all sure what to do about it. He had debated going to stay at Daphne's for a day or two, but that wouldn't really solve anything. Brian had fucked him senseless when he came home after their spat, and everything had kind of gone back to normal.

He knew Brian still fucked other guys. He didn't bring them to the loft anymore though, at least not when he knew Justin would be there. He was pretty sure he and Brian weren't exclusive. They had never actually discussed that. Justin had said he knew where his place was and he had no intention of trying to put restrictions on their "relationship". That hadn't worked in the past. Mostly they were getting along okay, except for this fucking Pet thing.

Brian had not mentioned it since the diner, but Justin knew that he disapproved of the whole thing. It was just like Brian to not say another word. However, that didn't make Justin feel any better.

Justin logged on to Art Nouveau. Pet was on line, as always. He tried to contact him, but got no answer even though his computer must be linked to the site. That was strange because Pet always seemed to be there. He looked to see who else was on line. He found Wyeth's Whimsy, a girl that he had occasionally chatted with. She loved the work of Andrew Wyeth.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: Hi, Whimsy. Haven't talked to you in ages.

Whimsy: Hi back. Have you done any interesting pieces lately?

Slip: Still working on computer and traditional art forms in combination. Got some neat results, but it's still in flux.

Whimsy: Sounds interesting. I'm doing some watercolor pieces, trying to master using that medium.

Slip: It's not easy. I had a watercolor course last year.

Whimsy: That's for sure. It's very unforgiving.

Slip: Have you ever talked to Picasso's Pet?

Whimsy: Yeah, why do you ask?

Slip: He's coming to visit me.

Whimsy: Really? Do you think that's wise?

Slip: Why not?

Whimsy: Um …I don't know if I should say anything.

Slip: Why? Tell me.

Whimsy: It's nothing to be scared of. He was always very friendly and supportive.

Slip: Phew! That's good.

Whimsy: I'm not done yet.

Slip: Oh?

Whimsy: I live in California and he started hinting that he wanted to visit out here, maybe stay with me. I told him I didn't have space. He asked if I could loan him some money to fly out. I told him I'm a student and that I had no money, barely enough for myself.

Slip: So what happened? Justin felt the beginnings of worry creeping into his system.

Whimsy: Nothing really. When I said I couldn't lend him money, he stopped talking to me. Haven't heard a word from him since, even though he's on this site all the time.

Slip: That doesn't sound like Pet.

Whimsy: I know. He was always so nice. I thought he was maybe mad for awhile and would get over it, but he hasn't.

Slip: Wow.

Whimsy: There's one more thing and I have no proof, so you can take this for what it's worth. After Pet stopped talking to me, so did several other people on Art Nouveau.

Slip: What does that mean?

Whimsy: Your guess is as good as mine.

Slip: Thanks Whimsy, you've given me a lot to think about.

Whimsy: I hope I haven't spoken out of turn, but that's what happened.

Slip: I understand.

Whimsy: Be careful.

Slip: I will and thanks.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin logged off with Whimsy. He wondered what he could do. Everyone seemed to be against him meeting Pet, and he had to admit that he was beginning to have some doubts too. He really didn't think Pet would do anything bad. Whimsy said she had no proof. He'd already told Pet to come so he had to go through with it.

The computer pinged at him indicating that someone wanted to chat. He looked and sure enough it was Pet. He made the connection with a sigh.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: Slip, were you trying to reach me?

Slip: Yeah, where were you? You're always here.

Pet: I had to go get some dinner from down the street. I wasn't gone long.

Slip: Sure. I will meet you at the bus depot.

Pet: Great!

Slip: How will I know you?

Pet: I have dark hair and I'll be carrying my art portfolio to show you my work.

Slip: That's not much info, but I doubt there will be two people carrying portfolios at the terminal.

Pet: Highly unlikely.

Slip: Right. I have blond hair and I'll be wearing kind of a pale green jacket.

Pet: Looking forward to meeting you. This is going to be so great.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin found himself smiling at Pet's enthusiasm. Maybe it would be all right.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: I hope so.

Pet: What about the boyfriend? Will he be with you?

Slip: No. I'll see you tomorrow night. I have a motel lined up.

Pet: Great. See U soon.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin logged off. He wondered if he was making a big mistake. He didn't really think so. He was a little anxious about meeting Pet, but he was sure he was worrying for nothing. Everything would be fine. If only he could get Brian to come around.

Chapter 4 by Thyme

 

Net Friends

Chapter 4

Late Friday afternoon Brian worked at his desk in the loft. He was doing some freelance work for a taxi company that was trying to gain a bigger share of the Pittsburgh market. It wasn't great copy but he was pleased with the ideas he had come up with.

He wondered if he would see Justin before he went to the bus terminal to pick up this so-called friend. Ever since Justin had mentioned it, Brian had had a bad feeling about what would happen. He couldn't put his finger on it exactly, but he was uneasy, maybe because of his own experience so long ago.

The loft door slid back and Justin came in.

"Hey," Brian said startling the young man.

"You're home?"

"That's right."

"I … I thought you'd make yourself scarce so that I wouldn't be able to ask you to come to the bus terminal with me."

"I told you I'm not going."

"Right," Justin said disappointed. He had hoped for a fraction of a second that Brian had changed his mind. He should have known better.

"What are you doing here?"

"The outfit I want to wear is in the closet," Justin said.

"You're dressing up for this guy?"

"I guess you could call it that. I want to look nice."

Brian shook his head. He had tried to warn Justin but the boy was going to have to find out for himself. He watched as Justin went up the steps, rooted around in the closet and drawers and disappeared into the bathroom. He heard the shower go on.

Although he disagreed with Justin meeting this guy, he knew he wanted to help make the whole situation as palatable as he could, especially when it all went to shit. And he was sure that it would. He went over to the counter and picked up the keys to the Corvette. He ran them through his fingers and dropped them into his pocket. He went back to his copy.

Justin appeared awhile later in a grey sweater and pants. He looked sensational, all scrubbed and glowing. Brian felt his cock swell at the sight.

"Are you sure you have to go?" Brian asked.

"I'll be late if I don't leave now," Justin said having some idea of the effect he was having on the man across the room.

"Justin," Brian said seriously, "be careful."

"I will. I'm just meeting him and taking him to the motel. I thought we'd grab a bite to eat … maybe at the diner."

"That's a lot of bus rides, isn't it?" Brian asked knowingly.

"Yes, but we can do it."

"Don't bother," Brian said. "Here!" He threw the keys to the Corvette across the room and Justin caught them.

"But what about you?"

"I can get a ride to Woody's and take a cab home if nobody else can give me a ride."

"You're sure?" Justin asked in amazement. He hadn't expected these concessions from Brian, especially when he knew the man didn't approve of the whole thing.

"I'm sure."

"Thank you," Justin said coming over to give Brian a kiss.

"I'll expect you later tonight."

Justin grinned. Brian was making sure that he was going to spend the night. "Of course."

They kissed again and Justin headed out.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin walked into the bus terminal. He had had trouble finding a parking space, but he finally got one not too far away. It was a little after 7:30, so he wondered if Rue's bus had already arrived. He looked around the waiting area and didn't see anybody with a portfolio.

He saw a good looking guy in a leather jacket. He wondered if Rue would look anything like that. It was probably better if he wasn't too good looking, especially where Brian was concerned.

He spotted a board listing buses that were arriving or departing. The one from Cleveland was listed as being fifteen minutes late. That wasn't bad. If they were right it should be arriving in less than five minutes. Justin found a seat and flopped down to wait.

He could see that another bus had just arrived and people were being greeted by those who had come to meet them. There were a lot of people who arrived to no family or friends. They would look around and then head to the taxi area outside, off to find a place to stay. Justin could see why Rue didn't want to arrive alone in a strange city. He was glad he had said he would meet him.

The sign flipped over indicating that the Cleveland bus had arrived. Justin sat up a little straighter and watched the new group of people start to come through the door from the bus area.

A young man with dirty blond hair walked through the door. Justin felt his dick respond immediately. The guy cruised the waiting room and his eyes fell on Justin where they stayed. He started walking towards Justin.

Justin wondered at his unexpected reaction to this guy. Usually that was reserved for Brian. This couldn't be Rue, because Rue had dark hair and would be carrying his portfolio, which this guy wasn't.

As he approached, the man grinned and Justin felt his dick harden. "Are you alone?" the dirty blond asked. Justin nodded. "Want to go somewhere?" the stranger asked.

Justin wasn't sure he could speak. Finally he managed to croak, "I'm waiting for someone."

"Too bad," the guy said and marched away with one backward glance that told Justin he had missed a good time.

Justin swallowed hard and took a breath. What the hell had happened? Jesus, if Rue was anything like that guy, he was in big trouble. He glanced at the door to see a short rather pudgy young man with dark hair try to pull his suitcase through without getting it trapped in the door. He wasn't having much luck, because whatever he had over his shoulder was already caught in the door. Justin groaned as he realized the object caught in the door was an artist's portfolio. This had to be Rue. He didn't know whether to be disappointed or relieved by the man he saw in front of him. He stood up.

"Rue?" he said moving towards the man to help him get his belongings into the terminal.

"Justin?" Rue replied a big grin covering his face.

"Yeah," Justin said as he helped Rue get his belongings into the terminal.

"I'm so glad you're here to meet me. Gosh, you're … gorgeous. I had no idea."

"Let me take your portfolio," Justin offered feeling a little embarrassed. He could hardly respond in the same way when he was truthfully a little disappointed in what he saw before him.

Rue handed Justin his portfolio. He went over to a chair and sat down. "Come sit for a minute," Rue said catching his breath. "It seems so strange to be here with you, after all the chats we've had."

Justin sat down beside him. "I thought maybe we could have some dinner and then I'll take you to the motel."

"That sounds great. It was a long ride on that bus."

"I bet."

"Do you want to go now? We could talk over dinner."

"Yeah," Justin said. He hoped he would feel more at ease when they had something to do together, like eat.

"My treat," Rue stated.

"You don't have to do that," Justin admonished.

"I want to. You came all this way to meet me."

"It wasn't so far. Let's go."

"Do we need to get a cab?" Rue asked as Justin headed for the main door carrying Rue's portfolio.

"No, Brian lent me his car."

"Wow, that's great. I noticed he didn't come with you."

"Um … Brian doesn't do bus stations," Justin said with a wry smile.

"He has money?"

"Um … that's kind of a long story," Justin said not ready to tell everything about his and Brian's situation. He continued walking to where he had parked the Corvette.

He unlocked the passenger door and stuffed Rue's portfolio behind the seat. He opened the trunk and managed to cram the suitcase in.

"This is some car!" Rue exclaimed looking inside and letting Justin fight with his suitcase.

"It's Brian's pride and joy."

"I bet."

"Climb in."

Rue slid awkwardly into the low seat. He buckled his seat belt and looked over at Justin with a grin. "Gosh, it's good to be here. I'm so happy to finally meet you."

Justin smiled back. Rue seemed so sincere. He gunned the 'Vette out of the parking space wanting to show off just a little for his new, old, net friend.

Debbie was working her shift when they arrived at the diner. Justin found them a booth and they sat across from each other.

"Hey, Sunshine!" Debbie said coming up to the booth, order pad at the ready. "What can I get you?"

"First," Justin said, "you can say hello to my friend Rue."

"Hey, Rue," she responded with a smile. "That's an unusual name."

"It's short for Ruben, but Rue is much more interesting."

"Riiiight," Debbie agreed drawing the word out and glancing questioningly at Justin.

"Rue's here for the weekend. I'm showing him around."

"Cool!" Debbie said giving Rue a closer look. "How did you two hook up?" she asked implying that she didn't see that they'd have anything in common.

"Rue's an artist like me. We met on an art website," Justin explained.

Debbie gave a disapproving look before she could stop herself. "Oh?" was all she said. "So what can I get you?"

"This is my treat, Justin, so order whatever you want. What do you suggest?"

"The burger and fries are great. That's what I'll have, Deb," Justin said.

"Make it two."

"Sure thing. Anything to drink?"

"I'll have a Coke," Justin said.

"Strawberry milkshake," Rue stated with a grin.

Justin thought Rue would do well to stay away from the milkshakes, but it wasn't his place to pass judgment on Rue's eating habits. He could see that Rue seemed pudgy and out of shape. Now that he got a look at the guy under the lights of the diner, he seemed a little older than Justin had thought he would be.

"So, do you hang out here a lot?" Rue asked looking around.

"Actually I work here."

"You do?"

"Yeah," Justin replied, "why do you seem surprised?"

"I thought the boyfriend had money … what with that car and all."

"He does … did. We're economizing right now," Justin said feeling uncomfortable about revealing any more. "Besides, I pay my own way."

"Oh," Rue said with a funny look on his face. "Am I going to get to see where you and the boyfriend live?"

"I guess we could do that. It's not far from here."

"Great!" Rue gushed as Debbie brought them their burgers.

They ate mostly in silence with Rue asking a bit about Liberty Avenue and where Babylon was located. He was really looking forward to going there tomorrow night. He mentioned again about finding a boyfriend like Brian. Justin thought that Rue would have to do a lot of work on himself to find any boyfriend, let alone one like Brian. He felt maybe he was being unkind to Rue in his mental criticism, but the guy didn't seem to be aware of the realities of the gay world; looks and a firm body mattered. Rue really had neither.

When they finished eating, Rue wanted dessert, so they asked Debbie for a couple of lemon bars. Rue thought they were so good he ordered a second one. Justin declined finally feeling full.

Debbie brought them the bill and Rue pulled out his wallet and grabbed the slip of paper that Debbie had set on the table. He rummaged through the wallet and frowned looking at Justin and shaking his head.

"Shit!" he exclaimed. "We made one stop on the way here and I bought you this," Rue said holding out a cheap keychain that he had probably bought at the counter of a snack bar.

"You didn't need to do that," Justin said looking at the key ring and wishing that Rue really hadn't bothered.

"The only problem is I didn't pick up my credit card. I must have left it there."

"Oh?" Justin responded. "That's too bad."

"I'll have to call the credit card company and tell them I've lost it. Hopefully they can send me a new one right away."

"They're usually pretty good about it."

"But …" Rue hesitated.

"What?" Justin asked.

"I … I didn't bring any cash with me. I was going to use my credit card for everything. I can't pay for dinner," he said looking forlorn.

"That's okay," Justin responded. "He took out his wallet and laid down twenty-five dollars to cover dinner and a tip for Debbie. "Let's go."

"Thanks, Justin. I'm really sorry about this. I don't know how I could have been so stupid. I'll pay you back, honestly I will."

"That's okay. We'll work it out later. Come on. Bye, Deb," Justin called as they exited the diner.

"Hey, Justin," Rue called trying to keep up with his friend. "If your loft is nearby, could we go see it before we go to the motel?"

"I … I guess so. Brian's out for the evening. Sure." What harm could it do showing Rue around. Brian was proud of the loft even though it didn't contain half the stuff it used to. They had made do, and it was still pretty impressive. "We could walk. It's not far."

"I'd rather ride," Rue said quickly.

"Sure." Justin unlocked the Corvette and they climbed in for the short ride.

Justin parked in the usual spot and they made their way up to the loft. Rue looked a little skeptical of the freight elevator, but he didn't want to take the stairs so he had no choice. Justin unlocked the door and slid it back hitting the alarm buttons. Rue followed him in gazing around apparently in awe.

"Wow!" he gasped. "What an amazing space! You live here?"

"Most of the time," Justin said without further explanation.

Rue wandered around looking at everything and touching more things than Justin was really comfortable with.

"I see why you said you didn't have room for me here," Rue conceded looking up into the bedroom.

"I need to use the bathroom," Justin said. He went inside and shut the door behind him. He did need to pee, but he also wanted to be away from Rue for a minute. The guy made him slightly uncomfortable. Justin peed, washed his hands and opened the door. He found Rue standing beside the bed. He looked slightly guilty that Justin had found him there.

"Neat bedroom," Rue said by way of explanation.

"Yeah. I think we should get you to the motel now."

"Right."

They walked out to the landing, Justin locking up behind them. Rue had called for the elevator by the time Justin was done. They rode down and got into the 'Vette.

"Justin," Rue began, "I hate to ask, but if I don't have my credit card, I can't pay for the motel. Could you use yours until I get in touch with Visa?"

"Um … sure," Justin agreed. What else could he do?

They drove to the motel with Justin using his credit card to secure the room. He went into the room with Rue. Justin carried Rue's portfolio and Rue dragged his suitcase.

"Home, sweet home," Rue said with a grimace. It really wasn't a very nice room, but the price had been right.

"You'll only be here to sleep," Justin said philosophically.

"I guess."

"I should be going," Justin said.

"Stay a bit," Rue requested.

"Okay," Justin reluctantly agreed. He sat down on the bed.

Rue took his suitcase and hauled it up onto the bed next to Justin. He opened it and brought out his computer. He plugged it into the phone jack and logged on.

"I've always wondered how you have so much time to be on the computer," Justin said. "You're almost always there when I try to find you."

Rue smiled. "I do my best." He seemed to be pleased that Justin had noticed. "I have quite an extensive group of contacts."

"Don't you work?" Justin had to ask.

"I do some computer work from home. I have an allowance from my parents' estate. It isn't much, but with the other work, I get by."

"Your parents are dead?"

"Yeah, a few years ago. It was a car accident."

"That's awful."

"Yeah, it was hard to get over, but I'm doing all right now."

"That's good." Justin wasn't sure what else to say. "So what time do you want to go to the Warhol tomorrow?"

"What time does it open?"

"Ten, I think."

"Can you pick me up?"

"I don't know if I can have Brian's car again, but I can come here on the bus if I don't. We could have breakfast and leave from here."

"That would be great. You've been great about everything, Justin, especially the stupid credit card."

"I don't mind. I know we'll settle up eventually."

"We will."

"So … I'll be here about nine o'clock and we can play it from there."

"Great. And we're definitely going to Babylon tomorrow night?"

"Definitely," Justin said again caught up in Rue's enthusiasm. "It's quite a place. Have you got any club clothes?"

"You need special clothes?" Rue asked with a look of horror.

"Some are better than others," Justin said thinking that Rue could use all the help he could get.

"I might need to buy some," Rue admitted.

"We can talk about it tomorrow."

"Okay," Rue agreed as Justin went out the door. Rue stood and watched him get into the Corvette. He waved as Justin drove away.

A little later Justin crawled into the bed next to Brian. He leaned over and kissed his man.

"So how was your little friend?"

"Okay," Justin said non-committally.

"Is that all?" Brian asked with a smirk.

Justin didn't really want to get into it right then. His hand around Brian's dick and his tongue down the man's throat made all talking irrelevant.


Chapter 5 by Thyme

 

Net Friends

Chapter 5

Justin awoke to someone's hand gently stroking his morning wood.

"Umm," he sighed. It felt too good to be real.

"Wakey, wakey," Brian singsonged.

Justin's eyelids fluttered open. "Umm," he repeated.

"Are you up for a little morning action?" Brian asked.

"Um, what time is it?"

"A little after eight."

"Shit! I need to get ready."

"Where are you going?" Brian asked annoyed that his invitation had been rebuffed.

"I have to meet Rue at nine o'clock."

"That's almost an hour from now," Brian said continuing to work his hand along Justin's cock.

Justin grabbed it and stopped the motion. "As much as I'd like to take you up on your invite, Master Brian, I have buses to catch and places to go."

Brian sighed. "What are you doing today?"

"Meeting Rue for breakfast, then the Warhol Museum, some shopping for club clothes and Babylon tonight."

"That's some day."

"Well, he's only here for a couple of days so we have to make good use of the time."

"Can't we shower together first?" Brian asked with his best puppy dog face.

"That always takes twice as long," Justin protested.

"What if I let you have the 'Vette for your excursions today?"

"You'd do that?" Justin asked his eyes wide. Brian loaning him the Corvette yesterday was more than he had expected.

"Uh huh," Brian said renewing his strokes on Justin's dick.

"Um," Justin said licking his lips and finding it hard to remember why he shouldn't get in the shower with Brian.

"Come along, young man. We're wasting valuable time."

Brian released Justin's cock and pulled the boy to his feet. He captured Justin's lips immediately, not about to let Justin forget what they would soon do in the shower. Brian steered Justin towards the shower continuing to kiss and stroke as he did so. He flipped on the shower and continued kissing while it warmed up. They were both lost in each other's arms and lips and tongues and heat, when Brian finally opened the door and they stumbled inside. They were so ready that it took only a moment for Brian to don a condom and enter his lover.

Justin leaned against the glass of the shower relishing the weight of Brian pressed against him. He felt full and warm and needed. This was the way Brian always made him feel. He wouldn't trade it for anything.

They grunted and moaned their way towards orgasm. Brian drove in deep and hard and Justin cried out his name. He felt Brian's hand on his cock and the long hard length up his ass, and suddenly he shuddered and came with blinding force. He staggered as Brian thrust deep inside him and then he knew Brian was shooting and they were done.

"Morning, Sunshine," Brian sighed as he pulled out.

"Morning, yourself," Justin gasped as he felt the emptiness that losing Brian's cock always made him feel.

"That was worth a few extra minutes," Brian declared.

"Most definitely," Justin agreed turning to give Brian a hearty kiss.

They quickly washed each other off and climbed out of the shower. Justin tossed Brian a towel and they dried off.

"So how was your little friend?" Brian asked in his 'I'm talking to a little child voice', but actually hoping to get a real answer this time.

"He's not quite what I envisioned."

"How so?"

"He's a little older than I thought he'd be and a little shorter and … a little heavier and … a little more … inept."

"Sounds like a real gem," Brian said with a knowing grin.

"If you say 'told you so', I'll smack you," Justin threatened.

"Moi?" Brian continued his self-satisfied grin.

"He's nice though and really glad to be here and to meet me."

"Then that's all that matters."

Justin wasn't sure whether Brian was being sarcastic, but he thought he probably was. He had carefully avoided telling Brian about the credit card problem. He could just imagine what Brian would have to say about that.

"Thanks for letting me have the car today," Justin said as he started to shave. "It really simplifies everything."

"Glad to be of service," Brian bowed gallantly and started to shave too.

"What are you going to do today?"

"I'm going to meet the boys at the diner for breakfast and then we'll hit the gym for an hour or two or in Emmett's case … fifteen minutes."

Justin chuckled. "Will you be at Babylon tonight?"

"Maybe."

"Please, I want you to meet Rue. He's looking forward to meeting you too."

"I guess that could be arranged," Brian conceded.

"Thanks … and Brian … be nice to him."

"I'm always nice."

Justin snorted earning a swat from Brian. "Seriously, don't make him uncomfortable."

"I'll do my best."

Justin knew that he meant it and would try. He wasn't so sure about the other guys. He remembered the Pillsbury Dough Boy comments about Ted's friend, Roger. Justin washed off his face and went into the bedroom. A glance at the clock told him he better get moving or he'd be really late.

"Bye, Brian," Justin called as he headed out.


Brian was still in the bathroom shaving. He wanted to call out another warning but decided not to. Rue, Christ what a stupid name, seemed to be all right, at least according to Justin. Brian would keep his mouth shut for now. Maybe nothing would happen. When he met the little troll tonight he'd have a better idea of what Justin was dealing with. He hoped it wouldn't be as bad as he thought it would be.

He wiped off his face and went to get dressed to meet the boys at the diner. They would take his mind off Justin and Rue for a couple of hours.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin pulled into the motel lot. He half expected to see Rue standing outside his door waiting for him. However, there was no sign of him. Justin was only twenty minutes late. He got out of the Corvette and knocked on Rue's door. After a minute or two Rue opened the door. He wasn't dressed, still wearing pajama bottoms which showed off his less than svelte upper body.

"Um, morning," Justin said. "I thought I was late."

"Oh, no, I've been on the computer catching up with the people I talk to. Is it time to go to the Warhol already?"

"I thought we were going to grab some breakfast first?"

"Sure, come on in and I'll get changed."

Justin entered the room making note of the box of granola bars that lay open and half eaten beside the computer. Apparently Rue hadn't gone hungry while Justin was starving having waited to eat with his friend.

He heard Rue running some water and after a few minutes a fully clothed Rue reappeared. He seemed very chipper all things considered.

"Let's get some breakfast," Rue stated and grabbed his coat.

"Um, sure," Justin agreed with a frown. Apparently he was going to get breakfast after all.

"There's a greasy spoon just up the block," Rue said. "The guy at the motel office said it wasn't bad."

"Sure," Justin agreed.

"Do you want to drive?" Rue asked, seeing the Corvette. "Brian lent you the car again?"

"Yeah, but let's walk if it isn't too far."

The restaurant turned out to be a few doors down, hardly worth starting the car for, if they had decided to drive. Justin ordered coffee and an omelet. Rue had the super special breakfast consisting of juice, coffee, bacon, eggs and pancakes. Justin shook his head knowing that even he would have trouble packing all of that away.

"Did you contact the credit card company?" Justin asked as they ate. It didn't seem like Rue was going to mention it.

"Yeah, I called this morning. They don't want to deliver it to a motel, so I told them to mail it to my home address. I'll get it when I go back to Cleveland."

"Oh?" Justin said wondering if he would be paying for breakfast too.

"I hope you don't mind paying for breakfast," Rue said seemingly reading Justin's mind.

"Um, sure, I can do that."

"I asked the credit card company for an advance but without my card they don't do that."

"Couldn't we go to a bank and you could make a withdrawal?" Justin suggested.

"I deal with a local bank in Cleveland. I don't think they have any out of state branches."

"I see," Justin said, now wondering if he was going to have to pay for everything they did this weekend.

"So if you wouldn't mind putting everything on your credit card and keeping track, I'll pay you back as soon as I can."

"We, um, we can do that," Justin agreed. In for a penny, in for a pound, kept running through his head.

"That was good," Rue said wiping his mouth. "Shall we hit the Warhol now?"

"Sounds good," Justin agreed laying down the money for breakfast.

They set off for the Warhol in the Corvette. On the way there Justin pointed out some of the sites of Pittsburgh and took them down along the river. Rue seemed to enjoy the tour and Justin relaxed and enjoyed his role as tour guide.

They spent a couple of hours going through the museum. Justin, of course, paid the entrance fees. They both enjoyed the works of Warhol, even though his style was nothing that either of them really pursued. They were both impressed with the way he had marketed himself and the impact he had made on the art world. Rue really liked the room with the Silver Clouds installation, the one where flat silver Mylar balloons were suspended from the ceiling. It was so commercialized and frivolous that it went beyond its evident crassness to a new level. That was always Justin's favorite part of the museum and Rue really liked it too.

They spent some time looking at the current traveling exhibit about President Kennedy and the assassination. Each of them found it disturbing and a sad time in the history of their country.

When they finally left the museum it was after one o'clock. Justin suggested they go to the diner for lunch and then do their clothes shopping for Babylon on Liberty Avenue. Rue readily agreed.

They didn't run into Brian or any of the gang in the diner. Debbie was working the dinner shift and wouldn't be in until later. They talked about what they had seen at the museum. Rue asked about Justin's artwork and Justin said he could take Rue to PIFA the next day if he wanted to see what he was doing. Justin wanted to see what Rue was working on, especially since he had brought his portfolio all the way to Pittsburgh. They hadn't had a chance to look at it yet.

Rue finally asked, "So what sort of clothes do you think I should get for tonight?"

"There's some good shops along Liberty. We can check them out and see what they have."

"But what sort of things are we looking for?"

"Maybe something glittery or slinky," Justin said wondering how Rue would look in either of those things.

"Really?"

"That's the kind of thing a lot of people wear to Babylon. There's some leather and a lot of skin tight clothing. Sometimes there's people with the butt cut out of their pants. A lot of people end up shirtless."

"Really?" Rue asked again, his eyes very big. "I don't really have the body for that."

"You're not kidding," Justin thought. Aloud he said, "I'm sure we can find you something."

"Gosh, I hope so. I want to fit in."

"Don't worry. Brian and his friends will be there. We'll look after you."

"Thanks, Justin. This is going to be so great. I can hardly wait."

Justin smiled at him. He was going to do his best to see that Rue had a good time. He hoped he could count on Brian and the gang to do the same.

"Shall we go shopping?" Justin asked as Rue downed the last of his hot fudge sundae.

"You bet."

Rue was up and out of his seat in a flash. Justin paid for the lunch and decided that he better stop at an ATM as he had little cash left.

"Where should we start?" Rue asked as Justin joined him outside the diner.

"We could go to Torso and then Body Beautiful. There are a couple more places along the way."

"Let's get going."

Justin started walking along the street.

"Isn't the car back the other way?" Rue asked.

"Yeah, but everything's within a few blocks of here. It makes more sense to walk."

Rue looked slightly chagrined but merely said, "Okay."

They walked along the street with Justin slowing down to let Rue catch up to him. Justin was used to walking with Brian with his long legs. He was usually the one trying to keep up.

Torso was the first shop they came to. Justin opened the door and Rue preceded him into the store. Tyler who had taken over Emmett's position when he quit came over to them.

"Hi Justin," he said. "Can I help you with something?"

Justin could see that Tyler was giving Rue a rather disapproving once over. He decided he better say something quickly.

"Thanks, Tyler, this is my friend Rue." Rue turned to acknowledge the clerk. "We're going to Babylon tonight and Rue needs something fabulous to wear."

"Oh?" was Tyler's skeptical response.

"I'm sure you can find some things for Rue to try on, can't you?" Justin said trying to make Tyler seem more enthusiastic and positive in his dealings with Rue.

"Um, let me see what I can find."

"Thanks."

"I don't think he wants to wait on me," Rue said with a sour look on his face.

"He doesn't know you," Justin said trying to ease Rue's fears.

"I don't like it when people look down on me."

"Nobody does," Justin said with a frown. He wondered where that came from. Tyler hadn't been negative, just not very enthusiastic about dressing Rue.

Rue wandered around the store looking decidedly miserable. After a few minutes Tyler returned with a couple of shirts and some slacks that hopefully would fit Rue.

"I found these. Would you like to try them on?" Tyler asked Rue.

Rue looked them over and said, "I don't see anything very interesting there. Maybe we should try another store." He headed for the door.

"Sorry Tyler," Justin said and followed Rue to the door. Tyler shrugged his shoulders and went to hang up the clothes. "That was kind of rude," Justin said as he caught up with Rue.

"Rude? You think I was rude?" Rue screeched.

"Take it easy," Justin said as they drew looks from passers-by.

"That clerk was the rude one, looking at me like I was less than dirt. Who does he think he is?"

"Rue," Justin said softly trying to calm his friend down. "I don't think Tyler meant to be rude. You should have tried the clothes on. You never know what will look good."

"I wouldn't buy anything from that asshole even if it was the best outfit I'd ever seen. I hope you have some better places to shop than that!"

Justin looked away and sighed. This was going to be a ton of fun. It would be hard enough finding stuff to fit Rue, let alone finding a clerk who would treat his friend the way he wanted to be treated. Body Beautiful was next.

The clerk was someone that Justin didn't know. He asked them if he could be of help. Justin decided to let Rue do the talking this time. His taking the lead hadn't worked out so well at Torso.

"I'm looking for something to wear to Babylon tonight," Rue began. "Do you have some suggestions?"

"I'll see what I can find," the clerk said. He gave Rue the once over and Justin could imagine what he was thinking. He went off to find some outfits.

"See," Rue said with a smirk. "You have to be firm and businesslike with sales people."

Justin groaned inwardly. He was being chastised by this stranger that he had called his friend. He shook his head in disbelief.

The clerk returned with a couple of shirts and pants, not that different from what Tyler had brought them at Torso.

"These look possible," Rue said with a grin. "I'll try them on."

"Sure," Justin said hoping Rue liked one of them and then the shopping fiasco would be over.

After a few minutes Rue came out of the dressing room wearing black slacks that looked too tight for him and a shirt that was bright red with a gold thread running through it.

"I like this best," Rue said to Justin.

"The shirt's good," Justin said charitably. It didn't do much for Rue's coloring, but it was something that would be appropriate for Babylon. "Aren't the pants a little tight?"

"I'm not planning on sitting. I'm going to dance," Rue said shaking his ample bottom.

Justin and the clerk laughed in response and Rue grinned his approval.

"Are you going to take it?" Justin asked.

"I'd like to look at some more stuff before I decide," Rue explained. "Can I put this on hold?"

The clerk did that for them. They made their way down the street to Andre's where Rue didn't find anything to try on. They hit a couple of other stores where Rue tried on some outfits. Justin had to admit that the red shirt and black slacks looked the best. After trudging up and down the street for ages, they went back to Body Beautiful and Justin used his credit card to buy the red shirt and black pants for Rue.

Justin could have gladly strangled Rue by the end of their shopping expedition. He had seen how Rue liked to take control. If Justin voiced an opinion or contradicted Rue, he was put in his place. This was a side of the man that Justin had never seen before, and hoped not to see again.

When they finally had the outfit secured, Justin suggested he drop Rue off at the motel. Rue could rest, get some dinner and get ready to go clubbing. Justin promised to pick up his friend at ten o'clock. He wanted to be sure they could get into Babylon on their own.

Rue climbed awkwardly out of the Corvette. He turned back to Justin.

"Thanks for being so patient with me today, Justin. I really appreciate you helping me get this outfit."

"No problem," Justin said automatically. Rue always seemed so sincere. He did seem to appreciate Justin's efforts despite the way he had treated him in the stores.

"I'm so excited. I'll be ready at ten. See you then," Rue gushed happily as he closed the door of the Corvette.

Justin watched him go into the motel. He wondered what kind of night awaited them at Babylon.

Chapter 6 by Thyme

 

Net Friends

Chapter 6

Justin went back to the loft after leaving Rue at the motel. He wondered if Brian would be there or if he would have gone somewhere with the guys. As he slid back the loft door, he wasn't sure whether he wanted Brian to be home or he wanted to be alone.

Brian was there.

"Hey, Sunshine," Brian grinned. "The 'Vette still in one piece?"

"Yeah," Justin responded curtly.

"What's up?" Brian asked studying his young lover.

"Nothing."

"Your communication skills tonight could use a little work," Brian said sarcastically.

"I'm not in the mood." Justin knew now that he wished Brian had been out.

"I know I'm going to regret this, but what's wrong?"

"Nothing," Justin snapped.

"Fine."

"Fine!"

"Have you eaten?"

"No."

"Want to?"

"Yes."

"Chinese?"

"Sure."

"I'll order."

"Good."

"By the time the food gets here do you think you could find a different, if not better, attitude?"

"I doubt it."

"Thanks a bunch."

"I'm gonna lie down for a minute."

Brian's eyebrows shot up. "Lie down? Are you sick?"

"No."

"Headache?"

"You're giving me one."

"Well, excuuuse me!"

"You're excused."

Brian was about to say something really snarky, but he bit his tongue and watched Justin climb the steps to the bedroom. Maybe once the food arrived and they ate something, they'd both be in a better mood. Brian was pretty sure Justin's mood must have come from something that happened with Rue. He might be able to find out more over dinner, before he met the pudgy one at Babylon. He could hardly wait for that.

A half hour later Brian came up the steps to find Justin lying on his back staring at the ceiling.

"Dinner should be here any minute," Brian said.

"Thanks."

"Justin, what's going on? Something's put you in a funk."

Justin let out a long breath. "I don't want to be told that you were right and I was wrong."

"Tell me what happened. I won't say anything."

"Yeah, right!"

"I mean it. You need to get it out."

"Okay, but I don't want criticism." Brian nodded and sat on the edge of the bed. "I really like Rue even if he isn't exactly what I expected," Justin explained.

When he hesitated Brian felt the need to do a little prodding. "So what happened?"

"We went clothes shopping this afternoon to get him something to wear to Babylon."

"And…?"

"He was … strange."

"Strange, how?"

"It's hard to explain. I took him to Torso and Tyler waited on us. He found some stuff for Rue to try on which wasn't exactly easy. Rue got mad and refused to try anything on. He thought Tyler was making fun of him or … I was."

"You?"

"I know he was worried about finding something appropriate for Babylon, but he was kind of nasty to Tyler … and me."

"Asshole," Brian exclaimed.

"It wasn't that bad … exactly. We went to the next store and I didn't say anything. He actually got an outfit from there, but he lectured me about how to handle salespeople … like I was an inexperienced child, and … oh, I don't know."

"He upset you," Brian said brushing a lock of hair from Justin's forehead.

"Yeah, he did … but I'm not even sure why. He didn't do anything that bad."

"He let you down," Brian said knowingly. "He didn't meet your expectations of him."

The buzzer rang then, heralding the arrival of their dinner. Brian got up and went to answer it. Justin decided he should get up too. Brian's last words were rolling around in his head.

Brian paid the delivery boy making sure he had his sesame noodles. When he turned around he found Justin setting out plates on the coffee table. He carried the food over there. He hoped their little chat had made Justin feel better.

They dished up some food and sat down side by side on the old sofa. They ate in silence for a bit.

"Brian," Justin finally said. "What did you mean about Rue not living up to my expectations?"

"Just what I said."

"But I tried not to have expectations. I tried to base what I thought of Rue on what I knew about him and what I learned since he got here."

"But what you think you know based on internet IM's, isn't always what it seems."

"You keep saying that like you know from personal experience."

"Not from the internet."

"What then?"

Brian sighed. He really didn't like talking about his past especially when it showed him to be stupid. However, he knew that Justin probably needed to hear it. "A long, long, long time ago before the internet was so widespread and chats meant actually talking to someone…"

Justin gave him a swat and told him to continue.

"Back in the stone ages when I was in elementary school one of my wise and caring teachers had her class sign up for penpals."

"You had a penpal?"

"Yep."

"Who was he?"

"His name was Mark. He was from Warwick in England and we wrote to each other for about six years."

"That's a long time. You must have really liked him."

"Oddly I did, and I thought he liked me too."

"So what happened?"

"For the first couple of years we wrote every month, telling about school and our adventures in growing up. His family wasn't too well off, but they had some money, more than mine. We often wrote about how we should meet when we turned eighteen. After what happened in the shower with my coach, I wrote him about it. I told him I was gay."

"You did? I can't imagine you telling that to anyone back then."

"I couldn't tell it to anyone I knew, so my penpal was the best I could do."

"Did you wonder if he would turn against you and stop writing?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, but I took the chance. I wanted to see if he would accept me or reject me. Being so far away from each other I didn't think it would matter which way it went."

"Which way did it go?"

"Surprisingly I got a letter back right away saying that Mark thought he was gay too, but he had never acted on it."

"Wow, what a coincidence!"

"Yeah," Brian said the irony evident in his voice.

"What?"

"Let me finish my story," Brian admonished. "We were both fifteen by this point. I had moved to the neighborhood where my mother still lives. I had met Mikey … and Debbie. I knew I was gay. I still wrote to Mark, but he never mentioned any more about his own sexuality. I assumed that he was gay too and told him a lot about what happened to me on Liberty Avenue and at school."

"Was he supportive?"

"He seemed to be, always said the right thing at the right time. Then when I was sixteen, maybe seventeen, the letters stopped coming, no explanation, no reason given. I wrote him a couple of times afterwards, but when he never responded, I stopped writing too."

"Was that the end of it?"

"I wish," Brian snorted.

"What happened?"

Brian sighed again. "This is the good part. My last year in high school the class trip was to England. I bet you can guess the rest."

"You went and met him." Brian nodded. "Did your parents let you go? Did they pay?" Justin asked.

"Are you nuts? I never told them I was going until the morning I left. I was eighteen by then and they couldn't really stop me. My granny gave me the money to go as a graduation present."

"You never talk about your granny," Justin observed. "She sounds nice. Did you have other grandparents around while you were growing up?"

"That's for another time," Brian said. Justin liked the implication of that statement, that there would be another time and that Brian would tell him about his family. He smiled contentedly and let Brian continue. "So I head off to merry old England. I had a great time in London and then we went to Stonehenge and stayed overnight in Warwick. I really wanted to meet Mark. I still thought of him as the sympathetic kid from the letters we had exchanged. I even thought we … might get together." Brian looked at the floor thinking about how stupid that idea had been. "I got the phone book and looked up Mark's number based on the house number from his address. I called and asked for him. His mother put him on and I explained who I was. Mark seemed excited at first, then kind of reserved. He agreed to meet me at a pub not far from where we were staying. I had a picture of Mark when he was about twelve, so I sort of thought I'd know him. He had one of me too. I ordered a pint and waited. Finally I saw him come through the door."

"What did he look like?"

"Just like I imagined he would. He was quite handsome and strong and … perfect."

"No shit!"

Brian snorted. "He recognized me too. I wanted to hug him but I could feel this wall between us, so I held out my hand and we shook. It was … awkward. He sat down and we had a beer and chatted about what he was doing. He was going to Oxford the following year. Did I mention he was very smart too?"

"No," Justin replied wondering what could have gone wrong with this perfect creature.

"He said he was going to be a lawyer. That should have been my first clue. I can't stand lawyers."

"Especially a certain female one?" Justin giggled.

Brian gave him a look and let the comment pass. "Before we finished our drinks, I had to ask him why he stopped writing to me. He said that he realized he wasn't gay and didn't know how to break that to me after he had 'let on' that he was. It was like he had pretended to be gay to support me." Brian shook his head at the memory.

"So he wasn't gay?"

"Of course, he was … is! He was trying to make himself believe that he wasn't, but my gaydar is almost never wrong, and it wasn't wrong in this case."

"Did you call him on it?"

"No, what would have been the point? He would have just denied it. We finished our drinks and walked out of the pub. I hoped we could stay in touch, but then something happened."

"What?"

"Down the street a gang of three or four guys was kicking the shit out of someone. The poor guy was lying on the ground defenseless while the others kicked at him. I yelled at Mark to come with me to help him. We ran down the street. When we got closer, Mark yelled at me to wait. I turned around and he was calling to the kickers. They stopped and waved at him. The guy that was being beaten up managed to escape while Mark distracted them. I thought he had done a good thing until I realized that he knew the fucking assholes. They were his friends. They came over and Mark introduced us, giving me this funny look, like to keep my mouth shut. Mark said he was sorry, sorry for helping the guy escape. One of his friends said that they were just about finished kicking the shit out of the pathetic fag anyway. Somebody else made a rude comment about poofs and Mark laughed along with them. I knew I had to get out of there or I'd be the next poof getting his ribs kicked in."

"And Mark just let you go?"

"He was happy to see me go so that he could get on with his happy, hetero, lawyer life with no one would be any the wiser."

"Shit!"

"I looked back at them once just as Mark glanced back. I could see this look of pity and contempt and 'thank God he's leaving' on his face. I never saw him again."

"He turned out to be so different from what you expected," Justin observed. "I see now why you said that to me."

"I was trying to warn you."

"I understand that, but Rue hasn't done anything like that."

"I didn't mean that he would. I just had this feeling that he would turn out to be so different from what you expected and hoped that you wouldn't be hurt by it."

"Thanks for worrying about me," Justin said. He slid closer to Brian on the couch. "I really appreciate it."

"Do you now?"

"Oh, yes."

Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and kissed his full lips plunging his tongue inside. He pulled back a little and looked into Brian's eyes. He wished Brian understood how much he loved him. He captured Brian's lips again and sucked on the bottom one. He finally broke the kiss and pushed Brian back against the couch. He unbuttoned Brian's jeans and pulled out his thickening cock. He licked up one side and down the other, holding it like a popsicle and sucking like it was a hot day in July. Brian sighed and slumped back into the couch allowing his head to fall back and rest against the back of the couch.

Justin sucked on the head running his tongue back and forth along the slit. He licked his lips as he collected the precum. He deposited it along the shaft and slid his lips down doing his best to take it all and bury his nose in Brian's pubic hair. He blew out through his nose and heard Brian sigh in satisfaction.

"I'm going to ride you," Justin promised. "Ride you like you've never been ridden before."

Brian's eyes opened. He smiled at his lover and knew that what he said was the truth. He could ask for nothing better.

Justin slid off the couch and disrobed as quickly as he could. Brian watched him through eyes heavy with lust. This slender sprite, this boy-man, this sexual animal was all his. He was a creature like none other and Brian was finally beginning to realize that.

Brian accepted the condom Justin handed him. He ripped it open with his teeth in his patented manner. He slid it the length of his dick which still stood tall and proud waiting for Justin to fulfill his promise. Justin squirted lube into his hand and slathered it along Brian's length. He then took his lubed finger and leaning over so his ass was at Brian's face level he reached under himself and slid the finger into his ass. He felt his ass contract around it as he worked it in and out a couple of times. Brian groaned at the sight wanting his dick to take the place of the finger. Justin added a second finger and repeated the process. Brian groaned more loudly and Justin turned to grin at him over his shoulder.

"Little shit, I can't wait any longer."

"Right thing to say," Justin said his grin growing wider.

He stood up and stepped up onto the couch one foot on each side of Brian. His dick bobbed in front of him above Brian's head. Brian reached up and ran his hand up and down it a couple of times marveling at the pure, white skin of Justin's thighs. Justin leaned back as Brian's strokes grew faster. Brian grabbed Justin's legs to steady him and make sure that he didn't fall backwards. Finally Justin's hand closed over Brian's stopping the strokes.

"Ready?" he asked looking down at the face he loved.

Brian nodded and Justin squatted above him. Brian held his dick at the ready as Justin lowered himself onto the mushroom head. He threw his own head back in pleasure as the cock spread him wide and filled him up. He sat on Brian's lap relishing the fullness, the tightness, the connection between them.

Brian stared into his eyes, then pulled Justin's head close for a soul-searing kiss. He bucked up from beneath Justin shoving his dick so far up the boy's ass that he thought he could taste it at the back of Justin's mouth. They both groaned at the sensation.

Justin raised his hips and felt Brian's dick slide partially out. As the head approached his hole he clamped down with his anal muscles ensuring that it didn't fall out. Brian let out a puff of air as Justin did. Justin sat down hard on Brian's thighs, the cock once again fully up his ass. This elicited another groan. Brian jabbed up wanting to be even farther inside his lover. Justin rose up again and repeated his actions. He sat down once again.

"God, Justin!" Brian gasped as the sensations coursed through him.

Justin began to bounce up and down on Brian's cock, his arms wrapped around the man's neck to steady himself and give him leverage. Brian continued to grunt and groan and thrust into the willing ass. His hand sought Justin's dick and began stroking once again. They called out each other's name and kissed when they could slow their motions long enough to do so. Justin's bouncing was bordering on the frantic when Brian shouted, "Now!" and came with enormous force. He felt his cum shoot again and again into the condom as Justin's cum spewed forth over their chests

Brian's arms went around Justin's back to steady him. They clung to each other as their orgasms washed over them. Justin laid his head against Brian's cheek feeling Brian's cock still up his ass. He never wanted it to leave.

After a bit he felt Brian shift and lay them down on the sofa. Justin felt Brian's dick slide free and Brian fumbled to remove the condom. The old afghan his mother had given them was pulled over their bodies. Justin snuggled against Brian when he was finished.

"That was spectacular, Sunshine," Brian said softly and kissed Justin's cheek.

"It always is," Justin whispered back.

"Do we have to go to Babylon tonight?"

"I promised," Justin said sleepily. "I have to take Rue."

"Okay," Brian said grudgingly.

"And you said you'd be there too."

"I know I did."

"And you will be there?"

"I always do what I say."

"Except when something comes up," Justin said with a grin.

"My something only comes up for you these days."

Justin was immediately alert. Had he just heard what he thought he heard? "Did you just say …?"

"Never mind," Brian said sternly.

Justin knew better than to pursue it when he heard that tone of voice. He laid his head against Brian's chest and smiled to himself. He had heard right and he liked what he had heard.

"I wish Rue was going home tonight. Then I could stay right here all night."

"The bed's more comfortable," Brian said tongue in cheek.

"You know what I mean."

"Yeah, it sounded like you want to get rid of your friend."

"Frankly I do. I'll be glad to see the back of him."

"Does he have that great an ass?"

"Ew, I don't want to think about Rue's ass in any context whatsoever."

Brian chuckled. "But you're ready to have him leave?"

"I like him better as a net friend than as a real person. I think the sooner we go back to that arrangement the better."

"I couldn't agree more," Brian stated and kissed his lover heartily.

They lay entwined for a long time relishing the quiet time together. They both knew that the trip to Babylon was going to be interesting. They each hoped it wouldn't turn ugly.

Chapter 7 by Thyme

 

Net Friends

Chapter 7

Justin studied his face in the mirror. He wondered what Rue saw when he looked at him. He had called him gorgeous when they first met. Justin wondered if Rue still thought so. Maybe he didn't live up to Rue's expectations either.

He was worried about tonight. He wanted Rue to have a good time at Babylon, but he wasn't at all sure that would be the outcome. He wondered how Rue would react if things didn't go well. He remembered Rue's reaction to Tyler and the perceived affront.

Oh well, there was little he could do about it whatever happened. He would try to support Rue and help him have a good time. He knew Rue was hoping to find a boyfriend at Babylon. He frowned. Babylon was not exactly the best place to look for a long term relationship or a relationship of any kind. Everything there was so superficial, and Rue didn't exactly have the superficial credentials to score.

"Justin," Brian called from the bedroom. "I'm going to Woody's to meet the boys. I just called a cab."

"I'll see you at Babylon later," Justin replied. "Thanks again for the use of the 'Vette."

"Later," Brian called and Justin heard the door slam shut.

Justin finished shaving and came out of the bathroom. He had a couple of outfits here that would be suitable for Babylon, or he could just wear cargo pants and a T-shirt. That might make Rue seem more club-wise, more hip, if Justin downplayed himself. It might also make Rue think that he was too lazy to dress up for him and their night out. When the fuck did he get so worried about what Rue would think?

A shake of the head made Justin realize that he was going to dress to the hilt, Rue and the world be damned. He'd show his friend and everyone else why he had been named King of Babylon. He had never told Rue that. Maybe he would tonight.

He smiled as he pulled out the skintight leather pants that he hadn't worn for awhile. These ought to do the trick. He always felt so sexy in them. In fact just putting them on usually made him horny, the feel of the soft leather as it slid over his skin. They were so tight, like a second skin. He never wore underwear under them. That would make lines. In fact, he wasn't sure there was room for underwear. He pulled them on leaning back on the bed to do so. As the leather came up over his ass and across his cock and balls, he moaned. It felt so good. His cock started to rise just from the sensation of the leather against his skin. His hand slid inside and he fondled himself. He'd never get these pants done up unless he did something to relieve himself.

He pushed the leather apart enough to get his cock out. His hand worked up and down the shaft, brushing against the soft leather on each trip. He licked his lips and lay back on the bed. He wished Brian was here to help him. It was too bad that they weren't going to Babylon together. He could put on quite a show for Brian, for everyone. Brian loved to dance with him in these leather pants. Brian's hands would be on his ass on top of the soft leather. He would rub circles on Justin's buttocks and then squeeze. Justin moaned as his orgasm drew closer. His hand worked faster. He imagined Brian's hands on his ass pulling him against his tall, lean body. Their groins would collide and there would be a little gasp at the impact. Their cocks would find each other like radar. Brian would grind against him and Justin would thrust his rod of steel against Brian's throbbing dick. The whole of Babylon would know what they were doing and they would all be so turned on, so jealous of what they were like together. Justin groaned from deep inside. The groan rumbled and grew as it passed through his chest. It became a roar as Justin pictured their dance, Brian's hands all over him, his tongue inside Brian's mouth. His hand continued its action and his balls drew up and he exploded in a mighty roar as his cum spewed across his naked chest. He flopped back spent against the sheets.

He lay there for a minute or two drawing in some deep breaths. Finally his heart rate began to slow and return to normal. He sat up a bit resting on his elbows. He had cum all over his chest, but he didn't think he had got any on his leather. He didn't want a telltale stain. He better get cleaned up again and do up his damn pants before he had to relieve himself again.

A little after ten Justin pulled into the motel parking lot. Rue's door opened immediately and out he came. He wore the clothes he had bought earlier in the day with his jacket open overtop. Justin gave him an appraising look as he flopped into the Corvette. He didn't look too bad at all. In fact Justin was pleased. Rue would fit right in at Babylon. He might even find someone to dance with; a boyfriend would be another story.

"Hey," Justin said, "you look good."

"Thanks," Rue replied a self-satisfied smile on his face. "Let's go!"

Justin shook his head slightly. Rue could be quite unpredictable. He didn't even seem to notice or care what Justin was wearing. Justin turned the car around and pulled into traffic.

"Did you get some dinner?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, but I was too excited to eat much. How long till we get there?"

"Not long. Haven't you been to a club before?"

Rue shook his head. "I don't get out much. I'm not into the club scene in Cleveland."

"Really?" Justin hadn't really thought that he was.

"I hope we have a good time tonight."

"I think we will."

Rue grinned at him. "Will you dance with me once or twice?" Rue asked a little shyly.

"Sure," Justin said smiling back, and he would.

They finally found a parking spot not too far from Babylon. It was about a quarter to eleven, not too early to arrive, but not late enough to have to stand in line. Sure enough they were able to go right in. They checked their coats and Justin led them onto the dance floor telling Rue that they should go to the bar and get a drink before they danced.

Justin made his way across the dance floor to the bar. His eyes scanned the crowd looking for Brian, but he didn't really expect him to be there … yet. He better be there later though. Justin ordered a beer and looked at Rue to find out what he wanted.

"I don't like beer too much," Rue said with a frown. "What would you recommend?"

"Emmett likes cosmo's," Justin said thinking that Rue would probably like the sweet drink.

"I'll have one of those," Rue said to the bartender. "Who's Emmett?"

"You'll probably meet him tonight. He's one of the gang that Brian hangs out with. Emmett's a little … flamboyant, but he's a really nice guy."

"Oh."

Justin scanned the catwalk but there was no sign of any of the gang. They were probably still at Woody's. Rue took a sip of his drink when the bartender set it in front of him.

"This is good," Rue said with a smile. "I might have to have another."

Justin paid for their drinks like he had paid to get in. The money thing was getting a little old. "Glad you like it."

"I really appreciate everything you've done for me this weekend," Rue said with a grateful smile.

"You're welcome," Justin replied and he meant it. How could he be angry or upset with Rue when the man merely wanted to experience some new things in his life? Justin was happy to be of help.

Rue took another sip of his drink, set it on the bar and turned to watch the dancers. Justin watched what he was doing.

"Rue, you really shouldn't leave a mixed drink out of your sight," Justin said.

"Why?"

"Um … there are a lot of drugs in a club like Babylon. You never know when somebody might slip something into a drink."

"You mean like a rape drug?" Rue asked with raised eyebrows.

"Sometimes, but also there is a certain element that gets their kicks from seeing how stupid or fucked up someone gets from an unexpected little addition to their drink."

"You mean they do it just to get their jollies from watching what happens to the poor shmuck?"

Justin nodded. "It happens."

"Thanks for the warning."

"No problem. If you're finished with your drink, do you want to dance?"

"Yeah," Rue said, "but I'm probably not very good."

"You'll be fine. You'll be dancing with the King of Babylon."

"What do you mean?" Rue asked as Justin led him out onto the dance floor."

"I was King of Babylon during a contest a couple of years ago."

"No shit! So I'm dancing with royalty?"

Justin giggled. "I guess you could say that."

"Cool!"

Justin began to sway and bounce to the music. The techno beat always got under his skin and he couldn't help but lose himself in the repetitive rhythms. Justin watched Rue try to find the beat and copy what Justin was doing.

"You are a good dancer," Rue said his face all concentration on what he was doing.

"Thanks. Try to relax and feel the beat. Just go with it."

He watched Rue try to relax and after a minute or two he seemed to get the hang of what Justin was doing. His body moved less fluidly than Justin's but he wasn't bad. Justin smiled at Rue and then closed his eyes and let the music take him. He could feel the leather pants against his legs and knew he was going to have another hard-on if he didn't stop soon.

"Let's get another drink," Justin said dropping his hand to cover the blossoming bulge in his pants.

Rue gave him a sly look. "Sure," he said and followed Justin back to the bar. Rue got another cosmopolitan and Justin a beer. They sipped their drinks looking out at the crowd dancing. Justin scanned the room looking for Brian but there was still no sign of him. That shit had better show up was all Justin could think.

A good looking guy slid up to the bar next to Justin and his hip made contact with the leather covering Justin's ass. "Not interested," Justin said and the guy grinned at him.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Very!" The guy shrugged and moved away.

"Is that how it's done?" Rue asked. Justin nodded. "Why didn't you dance with him?"

"He was interested in more than dancing, and I'm waiting for Brian."

"Brian must really be something if you turned down that guy for him."

"Brian is."

"See that guy over there," Rue said pointing.

"Don't point!" Justin admonished. "Yeah, I see him." He was a slightly better than average looking guy with not much of a body. He was a pretty good dancer though. "Are you interested?"

"Yeah," Rue said with a shy grin. "Do you think I'm in his league?"

"There's one way to find out. Come one."

Justin danced his way onto the floor with Rue trailing behind him. He took up a position not far from where the guy Rue was interested in was dancing. He pulled Rue close and they danced together bumping hips.

"Move to the left," Justin ordered.

Rue danced to the left bumping against the guy he had pointed out. The guy turned to see who had made the contact. Rue smiled at him, an open invitation. They guy smiled back and gave a flick of the head indicating that Rue should come closer.

"Go," Justin whispered as he kept dancing.

Rue moved closer to the guy and they danced without exchanging any pleasantries. Rue seemed very happy about what had happened. Justin continued to dance as he watched. Suddenly he felt a body behind him and arms came around his chest.

"Brian," he grinned and leaned back into the man.

"You wore those pants," Brian said into his ear, his warm breath causing little sparks to radiate from Justin's groin.

"Just for you."

"Or for Rue?"

"He didn't even notice," Justin said.

"Is he blind … or nuts?"

"He knows he can't have me. I'm all yours."

"I'm glad you made that clear."

Justin turned around to face Brian. His arms went around Brian's neck and he leaned in for a long, probing kiss.

"Um," Justin said when he released Brian's lips. "You taste like more."

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your little friend before I fuck you?"

"That's him over there," Justin said nodding in Rue's direction. He was still dancing with the same guy. That was a good sign.

"He's not so bad," Brian said trying to be charitable.

"Interested?"

"God, no!"

Justin chuckled. "That guy seems to be though."

"Good, they make a lovely couple."

"Want to get a drink?" Justin asked.

"Yeah."

They headed for the bar. Emmett and Michael and Ben were already sucking on their drinks. Brian signaled for a couple more beers.

"Hi, guys," Justin said.

"Where's your net friend?" Emmett asked.

"Here he comes," Justin replied as Rue came up to them breathless from the dancing. "Rue," he began, "this is Emmett and Michael and Ben. And this is Brian."

Everyone said hi except for Brian who was studying Rue rather intently while pretending not to be interested in the least.

"Hi, everyone. It's nice to meet you all," Rue said sincerely.

"Are you enjoying your stay in the Pitts?" Emmett asked.

"Coming here has been the most fun," Rue said enthusiastically.

"What have you done so far?" Michael asked.

"We went to the Warhol and Justin took me shopping for these," Rue said spinning around to show off his new outfit.

"Very nice," Ben said graciously.

Justin got another cosmo for Rue. He saw Emmett taking note of his choice of drink. He handed the drink to Rue who drank most of it quickly, thirsty from the dancing.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" Michael pursued.

"I'm not sure. I think we're going to go to PIFA. I want to see some of Justin's work."

"He's very good. Have you seen Rage?" Michael asked.

"No, what's Rage?"

"Get Justin to tell you."

"Come on, Michael," Ben said. "Let's dance."

"Want to dance again, Justin?" Rue asked.

"Um…"

"Why don't you come dance with me?" Emmett asked trying to let Justin off the hook.

"Emmett's a great dancer," Justin said.

"Yeah, get him to show you the 'Praise Jesus'," Brian added.

Emmett gave Brian a withering look, took Rue's hand and led him out to the dance floor. Quickly Emmett was dancing up a storm and Rue was doing his best to follow along.

"Thank you for coming," Justin said to Brian. "Did you tell the guys to be on their best behavior?"

Brian stuck his tongue in his cheek and said nothing.

"Come dance with me," Justin said shaking his ass temptingly in front of Brian.

Brian groaned. "How long do we have to stay here? You know what those leather pants do to me."

"They do the same thing to me," Justin admitted feeling things happening to his cock just at Brian's words. "Come dance, and we can leave in a bit."

They moved out onto the floor and began to put on the Brian and Justin show. They could feel eyes swiveling in their direction as they ground against each other, and kissed and fondled and bumped. Brian so wanted to take Justin into the back room, peel those leather pants off him and fuck him within an inch of his life. Justin wanted to go but he didn't want to put on that show for Rue. He hoped his friend was enjoying the show they were giving out here, although he really didn't care what Rue thought right then. He was enjoying himself too much.

After a couple of dances and a lot of intimate contact, Brian and Justin returned to the bar for another beer. They were quickly joined by Ben, Michael and Emmett.

"Where's Rue?" Justin asked Emmett, looking around for his friend.

"He blew me off for this ordinary looking guy that I guess he had been dancing with earlier."

"I'm sorry, Emm. I know he was hoping to find a boyfriend here."

Emmett half choked on his cosmopolitan. "Here?"

"Is he crazy?"

"People keep asking me that?" Justin said shaking his head. "So where did they go?"

"I don't know but I think they might have been dancing towards the door."

"They wouldn't have gone to the backroom, would they?" Justin asked.

"I could go check for you," Brian volunteered.

Justin swatted him. "Not by yourself, you won't."

"Then come with me," Brian said. "If we don't find him, I can think of a way to make the trip worthwhile."

Justin giggled. He just bet Brian could think of something. "Okay, but let's take the long way around and see if we can see him anywhere else."

"I'll keep an eye out for him in this area," Emmett promised.

Brian and Justin set off on their search. Brian didn't do much looking as he followed Justin, his eyes trained on the luscious globes of his ass as they moved inside the leather. There was no sign of Rue anywhere in Babylon. Finally they decided to try the backroom. Justin was worried that they might actually find him there. The thought of Rue with someone's dick up his ass was not a pretty picture. They looked all through the backroom only to discover no Rue was present.

"He must have left with that guy," Justin said giving up. "Do you think he'll be all right?"

"He's no baby, Justin," Brian stated. "He's quite a bit older than you."

"You thought so too?" Brian nodded. "But he's not very experienced," Justin felt compelled to say.

"Not like you," Brian grinned as he shoved Justin against the wall and began to unzip the leather pants.

"Not like me at all."

Brian opened Justin's pants noting the lack of underwear. "My naughty boy," he whispered against Justin's neck as he licked and sucked and kissed.

Justin groaned feeling his cock harden still trapped inside his leathers. Brian's hands reached around and cupped Justin's ass massaging through the leather. Justin bucked against Brian's groin telling him to hurry up. Brian turned Justin around to face the wall and peeled the leather down over Justin's ample bottom. He felt Brian lean down and kiss each cheek. It almost made him want to weep at the intimacy of it in the fucking backroom of Babylon. He heard a condom rip open and the snap of the tube of lube. Next thing he knew he was impaled against the wall, his face pressed against the concrete and his hands splayed out to the side.

"Oh God," he whimpered at the exquisite pain.

Brian stayed still for a moment. "Ready?" he asked and Justin nodded, not wanting to expend any energy to form words.

Brian withdrew part way and drove in hard. They both grunted at the impact. Their coupling was going to be hard and fast. They had both been aroused several times during their dances, but had fought it off. Now they would waste no time in finding mutual release. Brian thrust in his usual rhythm that suited them both so well. Justin took everything he had to offer and did some movements of his own that he knew drove Brian wild. Before long they were both crying out their orgasms as they leaned together spent and satisfied … for now.

"Come home," Brian ordered as he helped Justin roll his leather pants back up.

"What about Rue?"

"He can look after himself … and I bet he won't have one fifteenth the fun we do."

Justin giggled. He hoped Rue would be all right, but the guy hadn't even told him he was leaving, so fuck him. Justin had better things to do, so he took Brian's hand and they made their way out to the coat check.

Chapter 8 by Thyme

 

Net Friends

Chapter 8

Justin rolled over and snuggled against the furnace lying next to him. Brian always gave off so much heat. He seemed to be possessed of this internal fire that stoked his sexual urges but also made him a great bedmate on a cold night.

Brian's arm came over him automatically, protecting and keeping him close. Justin sighed in absolute paradise. The first rays of dawn were seeping through the drapes so it must still be early. Justin yawned and wondered if he would be able to go back to sleep.

After they came back from Babylon, Brian had been insatiable … and so had he if he was honest. Brian had taken what seemed like hours to get those damn leather pants off him, the whole time driving Justin crazy with his lips and tongue and fingers. By the time he finally pulled the pants off Justin's feet they had sucked and fucked at least twice. Those leather pants needed to be used sparingly, but they sure as shit were worth it.

Justin gingerly felt his ass. It had that after sex sting that proved they had had one hell of a workout. He'd have to sit carefully today. He hoped he didn't walk bowlegged. He smiled at the thought.

"What are you grinning about?" Brian asked.

"I was just reliving some of last night's highlights."

"Were you now?"

"Uh huh."

"And were they as good the second time around?"

"Better!"

"They say you only remember the good things," Brian said philosophically.

"There was nothing but good things," Justin declared.

"We could have some instant replays," Brian suggested.

"I thought maybe I should get some more sleep."

"You turning me down?"

"Never."

"Good."

Brian rolled over, his body covering Justin and trapping the boy beneath him. His hands wandered all over Justin's body finding all the places that Justin loved to be touched. His lips weren't far behind. In a matter of minutes he had both of them worked into a frenzy once again. As Brian fucked him for the millionth time Justin cried out his love for this man. He would always want Brian even if he was an asshole sometimes. Even when Brian refused to reciprocate his love, even when Brian replaced him with a casual fuck, it never made Justin stop loving him, wanting him, needing him. Christ, he was fucked well and truly in every sense of that word.

When they were done, Justin couldn't resist wrapping himself in Brian's arms. For once the man didn't object. He held Justin close. They were quiet for awhile.

"I wonder what happened to Rue last night." Justin asked after a bit.

"If he was lucky he got his brains fucked out."

Justin chuckled. "I'm not sure I want to think about that. I just wondered if he got back to the motel all right."

"Maybe he spent the night with his new 'boyfriend'," Brian said mockingly.

"I don't want him to get hurt."

"What he's looking for, it goes with the territory."

"Probably, but not always. Look at us."

"You got hurt … in more ways than one. You can't always protect people. It's part of life."

"I know, but you can try," Justin said thoughtfully knowing how Brian always tried to protect him. "What did you think of Rue?"

"Not much."

"What does that mean?"

"It means he wasn't much to look at or think about. I guess he's all right, but I hardly saw enough of him to make a judgment."

"That's a crock of shit!"

"Why? He disappeared after about two minutes."

"You make instantaneous judgments about people all the time, and they're usually right."

"Jesus, are you actually giving me credit for knowing something?"

"Yes, asshole."

"I didn't like him."

"Why not?" Justin asked with a frown.

"Second sense. Can't explain it."

"Hm…"

"Is that all you're going to say?"

"Yep."

"Fine, let's shower and I'll buy you some breakfast."

"I should call Rue."

"No, you shouldn't. If he got lucky, he'll need his rest. If he didn't, he'll need his rest."

Justin laughed out loud. "I love your reasoning. Okay, let's shower."

When they finally came out of the shower, Justin insisted on calling Rue. He dialed the motel and got put through to Rue's room. The phone rang several times and Justin was about to hang up when the receiver was picked up.

"Yeah?" a sleepy voice said.

"Rue? Is that you?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, Justin? What's up?"

"Are you all right? You just disappeared last night."

"I guess I was a little drunk. I don't usually drink much."

"Feeling a little hungover?"

"I guess that's what it is. My head feels like an elephant is sitting on it and you sound like you're talking to me through soup."

"That's a hangover."

"Have you got any aspirin?"

"I don't think so. I might have brought some Tylenol with me. I get headaches sometimes, but not like this."

"Take two or three and they should help you feel better."

"Okay."

"How be I pick you up just before noon? We could have some brunch and go to PIFA."

"I hope I can stand up," Rue said pathetically.

"Take the Tylenol and you will."

"I'm sorry about leaving you last night."

"That's all right. We'll talk about it when I pick you up at noon."

"Okay."

Justin hung up the phone. He shook his head as he stared out the windows of the loft.

"Justin, have you seen my gold lighter?" Brian asked from the bedroom.

"No, is it missing?"

"I was sure it was here beside the bed, but I can't find it. Maybe we can strip the bed before you go to meet Rue. See if it's fallen down behind something."

"Sure," Justin said.

"And how is Rue?" Brian asked in that annoying voice. He came down the steps and over to where Justin was looking out the windows.

"A little shaky … hungover."

"Was he alone?"

"I … I didn't ask."

"I wonder if he got lucky, poor sod?"

"I'll find out at brunch."

"Is he up for that?"

"I told him to take some Tylenol and I'd pick him up at noon."

"Have fun."

"Brian, come with me. I want to get more of your take on him."

"I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Please, for me?"

"Okay, but I might have to chew him out."

"About what?"

"His manners towards you."

Justin chuckled. "Don't do that. He'll be in sad shape from his hangover."

"Okaaaaaay," Brian said in his best long suffering and thoroughly bored voice.

"Thanks," Justin said with one of his patented smiles.

Brian groaned. "Feel like getting into those leather pants, so I can peel them off you again?"

Justin's smile got even bigger. "Sure, we've got a couple of hours."

A couple of hours later Justin swung the Corvette into the motel parking lot. There was no sign of Rue coming out from his room, so he cut the engine and knocked on his door. After a minute or two the door swung open to reveal a bleary eyed Rue.

"Hi, Justin, I guess I fell asleep after I talked to you. I took about four Tylenol and they made me sleepy."

"That's okay, but you need to get ready. We're meeting Brian for brunch in a half hour," Justin said looking at his watch.

"Oh? I didn't get the feeling Brian liked me very much."

"Why would you say that?"

"He never said anything to me at Babylon."

Justin thought back and realized that Rue was right. "I'm sure he just didn't get the chance. He'll be waiting, so you should get ready."

"Wouldn't want to keep the boyfriend waiting!" Rue said sarcastically.

Justin frowned. "I really don't like to keep him waiting."

"I'm sorry," Rue said regretfully. "I'll go take a shower."

"Good," Justin said.

"Come in while you wait."

Justin stepped in noting the room was a bit of a disaster area. He wondered exactly what Rue had done last night.

"Excuse the mess," Rue said.

"Can I see some of you artwork while you're in the shower?"

"Sure. It's probably not very good compared to yours."

Justin thought he detected a note of jealousy or … something else in that statement. "I'm sure it's good. I'm always interested to see what other artists are doing."

Rue beamed as Justin called him an artist. He handed Justin his portfolio and went into the bathroom shutting the door behind him. Justin heard the shower go on.

He unzipped the portfolio and began looking through Rue's work. He could see why Rue used the net name of Picasso's Pet. Almost all of his pieces looked like some kind of poor imitation of a Picasso piece. There was nothing original or interesting at all, and his technique was not very good either. Justin thought back. He was sure that Rue had said he went to art college, but he could hardly imagine any place accepting someone with this caliber of work.

Justin zipped up the portfolio hoping Rue didn't ask him what he thought of his work. He heard the shower go off and Rue appeared wrapped in a towel. He smiled at Justin, grabbed some clothes and went back into the bathroom.

When he reappeared, he was fully dressed and looked much more presentable. "I guess I'm ready. Do we need to go?"

Justin nodded and they headed out. He was grateful that Rue hadn't asked his opinion of his artwork. They drove in silence for a bit.

"So what did you think of the pieces in my portfolio?" Rue asked breaking the silence.

"I can see why you call yourself Picasso's Pet."

Rue beamed. "You thought my work looked like Picasso's?" Rue asked taking Justin's comment as praise.

"A poor imitation of Picasso," Justin thought to himself. "I could see the similarity," he said aloud.

"I can't wait to see your work this afternoon."

"Yeah."

"Are we going to the diner?"

"No, Brian's treating us. We're going to a little café that we both like."

"Sounds nice. Do you think Brian minds me taking up so much of your time?"

"I don't think so. He lent us the Corvette all weekend."

"Yeah, that was nice of him. How's he getting to the café?"

"You can walk to it from the loft. It'll save him having to go to the gym today."

"Does he work out a lot?"

"He's pretty obsessive about his weight."

"He's quite attractive for an older man."

Justin gulped. "Jesus, Rue, don't say anything like that to Brian."

"What do you mean?"

"He doesn't like to be reminded of his age."

"Is he that old?"

"He's not old at all. It's just that he is older than me."

"I won't say anything," Rue promised.

Justin parked the 'Vette in the first available spot he could find. They walked back to the café. Justin spotted Brian at a table and led Rue over. They all sat down.

"Nice to see you again, Brian," Rue said politely.

"Yeah," Brian responded. "How was your date last night?"

"Brian," Justin whined. He hadn't had enough nerve to ask Rue about it.

"It was great," Rue replied. "He came back to the motel with me."

"Lucky you," Brian said his tongue in cheek.

"It was great," Rue repeated. "You have some awesome guys here in Pittsburgh."

"Awesome!" Brian responded with that little smirk.

"We should order," Justin said as he saw a waitress approaching.

They placed their orders and sipped on their coffee. Justin didn't know which way to take the conversation. He could feel the tension between Rue and Brian. They really didn't like each other. He wondered if he should try something entirely different.

"Did you find your lighter after I left?" Justin asked Brian.

"Nope. It's nowhere to be found," Brian said.

"It must be there somewhere," Justin added.

Brian shook his head. "Maybe it will turn up at some point."

"Was it an expensive lighter?" Rue asked.

"It was a gift for an ad campaign I did," Brian explained. "Probably worth five or six hundred dollars."

"Really?" Rue asked. "I hope you find it."

Something about the way Rue said that made Brian give him one of his stares. Rue shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Their food arrived about then and they ate in silence.

"So what do you boys have planned for this afternoon?" Brian asked as he picked at his quiche.

"If I can keep the 'Vette," Justin began, "I thought I'd take Rue to the IFA and show him my work."

"Knock yourself out," Brian responded.

They finished up their lunches and polished off the coffee. Brian picked up the check and Rue thanked him for lunch. They moved outside and Brian walked with them to the Corvette.

"What are you going to do?" Justin asked Brian.

"I'll walk back to the loft and do some work until you arrive … with my car … in one piece."

Justin laughed. "I should be there a little after eight-thirty. Rue's bus leaves at eight-fifteen."

"Fine."

"It was nice meeting you, Brian," Rue said shyly holding out his hand.

Brian shook rather reluctantly. "I'm glad you found the men of Pittsburgh to your liking," Brian stated looking into Rue's face. Rue averted his eyes.

"Some of them, anyway," Rue said and Brian got the impression that he definitely wasn't included in that group.

Justin climbed into the Corvette and Rue joined him. As he pulled away, Justin looked in the rearview mirror. He could see Brian staring after them. That wasn't like Brian at all.

"Phew," Rue said letting out a breath.

"What?"

"Your boyfriend is scary. He gives me the willies."

"Willies?" Justin asked with a giggle. He'd have to remember to tell Brian that one.

"Yeah, like he can see right through me and he doesn't like what he sees."

"I'm sure you're overreacting," Justin said soothingly, although he did wonder at some of Brian's reactions to his net friend.

"I don't think so." Justin decided not to pursue that line of thought. He was starting to head for PIFA when Rue said, "We should probably go back to the motel first. If I'm not out by two o'clock we have to pay for another night. It's twenty to two now."

"Good idea," Justin said, especially since he was paying for the fucking motel.

They drove back and Justin helped Rue pack up his belongings. When they were just about done and ready to zip up the suitcase, Justin did a once over around the room, declaring that it looked like Rue had everything.

They carried the suitcase and the portfolio out to the car. Justin stowed them away and Rue went into the office to get a copy of his bill. When he returned they got into the car to go to PIFA.

"So what's the damage on the bill?" Justin asked.

"I got them to call out for a couple of meals. I hope you don't mind, but they're added to the bill.

Justin groaned inwardly. This was getting to be one expensive weekend, at least until Rue paid him back. "What did it cost?"

"Two hundred and five dollars."

"Christ, that's quite a bit."

"Yeah, but I'll pay you back."

"I hope so."

"I promised you that I would."

"I know, Rue. It's just getting to be a lot of money."

"I'm sorry. I don't know how I could have been so stupid with my credit card."

"It's all right, but get the money to me as soon as you can," Justin requested.

"Of course I will."

Justin continued to drive towards PIFA and pointed out some things along the way. By the time they arrived they had only an hour or so to see the campus and Justin's work. Rue wanted to see Justin's space rather than walk around the campus. Justin led him up to his cramped little work area on the second floor.

"This is great," Rue enthused. "It's like a real artist's atelier."

"I am a real artist, but it's hardly an atelier."

"Let's see some of your stuff," Rue requested.

Justin pulled out some of his canvases and some of his computer art. He showed them to Rue who remained silent. His face gave away none of what his reaction to the pieces might be.

"So, what do you think?" Justin asked as he put his work away.

"Very interesting," Rue said.

"Is that all?" Justin asked a little annoyed that Rue wasn't more enthusiastic.

"It's not my cup of tea, but I guess you're talented enough."

Justin was ticked off by that kind of backhanded compliment. This no talent copycat was dissing his art. "I'm sorry it doesn't meet your high standards," Justin said sarcastically.

"Don't be mad, Justin. It's a little avant-garde for my tastes."

"Where do you go to art school?" Justin felt compelled to ask.

"I don't actually go to art school," Rue admitted.

"I'm sure you told me once when we were IMing that you went to Cleveland Art College or some such thing."

"I've taken some courses there, but I'm not a fulltime student."

"Oh," Justin said. He was sure Rue had told him or had implied that he was a fulltime art student.

"Your work is good, just so different from mine," Rue tried to placate Justin.

"Mine's original," Justin thought.

"Let's go get some dinner and then I need to get to the bus station," Rue said.

"Yeah," Justin replied, still ticked off.

He started out of his space and down the stairs. Rue ran along behind trying to keep up.

"Don't be mad, Justin," Rue begged.

"Let's walk over to the student hall. We can get something to eat there," Justin said testily. He wanted Rue to get on the fucking bus right now, go back to fucking Cleveland, and never fucking speak to him again.

They walked in silence. They ate mostly in silence. Justin drove them to the bus depot where he dropped Rue outside the front door. He said goodbye and asked Rue to send his money soon. Rue thanked Justin for a great weekend and promised to settle up with him as soon as he could. He finally disappeared through the main doors with a little wave to Justin.

Justin gunned the car out into traffic and headed for the loft. He needed to feel Brian's arms around him. He needed to have Brian hold him and tell him that his art was the best and that he was the best fuck Brian had ever had. He needed to get back to his old life and leave his fucking net friend where he belonged, on the internet.

Chapter 9 by Thyme

 

Net Friends

Chapter 9

Justin opened the loft door and stepped inside. He turned to close it, suddenly realizing that Brian was at his computer watching him.

"Hey," Justin said without much enthusiasm.

"You look like you just lost your last friend," Brian said as he continued to watch Justin.

"My 'friend' is safely on the bus by now and … that's that."

"Did something happen between you two bosom buddies?"

Justin wasn't sure how much he wanted to tell Brian. "Let's just say that it's probably a good thing that he left when he did."

"I see," Brian said not really seeing at all, but understanding that Justin had somehow been hurt again. He would have liked to have had Rue there right at the moment. He could think of a few choice things that he would say to him. "Did you have something to eat?" Food usually made Justin feel better.

"Yeah."

"Then let's go to Woody's. I'll buy you a drink or two."

"Thanks. I'm glad you'll be paying."

Brian frowned. Usually Justin wanted to pay his own way. He wondered what that last statement was all about.

They walked into Woody's about half an hour later. Brian went to the bar and got a couple of shots while Justin scouted out a table to play pool. None were available at the moment so they found some seats at a table.

"Want to talk about it?" Brian asked.

They each downed their shot.

"I need a beer to chase that down," Justin said standing up.

"Tell them to add it to my tab," Brian said.

Justin went to the bar to grab the beers. He wanted to tell Brian everything, but he could hear the 'I told you so' and he didn't think he was ready for that. He got the beers and carried them back to the table. They took a couple of sips and neither said anything.

"Are you going to tell me?" Brian asked.

"I haven't decided yet."

"What did he do?"

"He didn't like my art."

"What?"

"You heard me. He said it was too avant-garde for his taste."

"And just what the fuck is his taste?"

"Picasso."

"Is that all?"

"That's it."

"What the fuck kind of artist is he?"

"An untalented, unimaginative, un-artist."

"What do you mean un-artist?" Brian asked with a frown.

"He doesn't even go to art college."

"But I thought you met him through that site for student artists."

"Anyone can join."

"You're telling me that he's not even an art student?"

"That's right; although I'm sure he told me early on that he was."

"So he's a liar and a fraud."

"That's a little harsh," Justin said in defense of his friend.

"But true."

"I guess so."

"Jesus, Justin, what did you get yourself into with this guy."

"I … I don't know," Justin said forlornly.

"Hey, guys," Michael said pulling up a chair from another table.

"What are you doing here without the good professor?" Brian asked giving Michael a kiss.

Justin watched the obvious affection between the two. He had no male friend like that, and truthfully he was envious that Brian and Michael had this open acceptance and love for each other. Maybe that was what he had hoped to find with Rue.

"Ben's working on his lecture. Sometimes he can work better when I'm not there to distract him. I called Emmett and he's meeting me here."

"Grab a beer, Mikey," Brian told him.

Michael went to the bar just as Emmett arrived. Emmett sashayed over to Michael and ordered a drink too. Michael pointed to Brian and Justin. Emmett waved and made his way over to them.

"Hi, boys," he said cheerily smiling as he pulled up another chair.

"Hey, Emm," Justin said. "You're in a good mood tonight."

"What's the point in brooding? That's what my Aunt Lula would always say."

That statement made Justin wonder what the fuck he was brooding about. Rue had let him down, but there was nothing he could do about it. Rue was gone, and once he got his money back, he didn't have to worry about him anymore. In fact, he would never have to speak to him if he decided not to. That made him feel a little better.

Michael returned with his beer and a cosmo for Emmett.

"Your friend really liked cosmo's," Emmett observed. "Has he gone back home?"

"I put him on a bus a couple of hours ago."

"He was … um … interesting," Emmett said.

"How so?" Brian asked interested to hear what Emmett had thought about Rue.

"He danced with me for awhile," Emmett began.

"Thanks for that, Emm," Justin said with a little smile.

"You're welcome, honey, but your friend didn't seem to appreciate it very much."

"Why? What did he do?"

"He had some … comments about my dancing."

"Comments?"

"He told me that he thought I was too much of an exhibitionist."

"You?" Brian asked with a smirk.

"I know I can be a little over the top, but that's my style. I don't need to be called an exhibitionist. I'm not. I just do what I feel." They all knew that was true.

"He shouldn't have said that to you," Justin said feeling bad all over again that Rue had dissed someone else he cared about. "I'm sorry."

"Oh, don't be sorry. I told him I was just fine the way I was, and if he didn't like the heat I generated on the dance floor, he better find himself another partner."

"Good for you, Emm," Michael said.

"So what did he say to that?" Justin asked.

"He flipped me the finger and started dancing with that guy that he had met before. That's when I came back to the bar."

"And he went back to the motel with his conquest," Justin said realizing what a shit Rue had been to Emmett.

"He did?" Emmett asked.

Justin nodded. "He told me so. I guess they had a good time."

"There must be more under that pudgy exterior than you would think," Emmett mused.

"If you can believe him," Brian added.

"Can't we believe him?" Emmett asked.

"Some of his statements have been less than truthful," Brian said.

"Do we have to talk about him?" Justin asked not wanting everyone to find out all the negative things about his so-called net friend.

"What would you like to talk about?" Michael asked.

"Have you got any ideas for the next Rage?" Justin said trying to divert the conversation onto something other than Rue.

They chatted for awhile, had a few more drinks, discussed the possibility of going to Babylon and finally got a pool table when many of the clientele headed to the dance club after eleven o'clock.

Brian and Justin took on Michael and Emmett. The latter got clobbered. Emmett wasn't much better at pool than he was at bowling. One game was enough.

As they left Woody's Justin looked around. At least he hadn't brought Rue there. He wouldn't have any memories of his friend to worry about when he went to this club. Brian flung his arm over Justin's shoulders and walked him down the steps.

"Feeling better?" Brian asked.

"Not much."

"Don't let him get to you. He's gone now, so forget about him."

"It's not that easy."

"I know, but I'll try to make it all better when we get home."

"Perhaps you can," Justin said with a giggle as Brian nibbled on his neck.

When they arrived at the loft they were all worked up. Brian shoved Justin against the door after he slid it closed. His mouth captured that of his young lover and his tongue delved in. He felt Justin kiss back and then suddenly Justin's concentration seemed to wander.

"I never had that happen before," Brian thought. "Justin," he said aloud.

"Um … what?"

"Where did you go?"

"I was thinking about Rue."

"Fuck Rue!"

"I wish I had never told him to come here," Justin said looking forlorn.

"That makes two of us."

Brian turned away and went up the steps to the bedroom. Justin took off his jacket and went over to the couch. He slumped down on it.

"Justin!" Brian said suddenly.

"What now?"

"Have you been into my stash?"

"What are you talking about?" Justin asked standing and moving towards the bedroom to see what Brian was referring to.

Brian was rummaging through the chest that housed his drug supply. "Half my pot is missing and some of the E and who knows what else."

"I never touched it," Justin said and Brian knew that he wouldn't lie."

"What could have happened to it?"

"Are you sure you didn't get high and use more than you thought?" Justin asked reasonably.

"I'm sure."

"Then maybe one of your tricks…" Justin didn't finish that statement.

Brian thought back to who he had had at the loft since he had last used his stash. He didn't see how any of them could have taken his shit. "I don't think so," Brian said still thinking of where his drugs could have disappeared to.

"Maybe your stash ran away with your gold lighter," Justin said with a chuckle.

"It's not fucking funny. Where is this stuff going?"

"I have no answers," Justin said and went back to sit on the couch.

Brian rattled around the bedroom for awhile and then appeared with two reefers that he had rolled. He used his old Zippo lighter to ignite one which he handed to Justin. "Here, maybe this will help you chill and forget about that asshole."

'Thanks," Justin replied and he took a long, deep drag. He coughed a bit afterwards. "Strong shit," he said to Brian who was lighting his own.

"Only the best," Brian said dropping down beside him on the couch. "Enjoy."

"I'm going to," Justin replied taking another puff. He could feel the effects already making their presence felt. He let his head fall back against the couch and simply enjoyed the feeling.

When Brian pulled him up to the bedroom some time later, he was much more mellow and the sex was delicious. He was very hungry afterwards.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Monday Justin went back to school and his life went back to normal - more or less. He had a tutorial on "Wuthering Heights". It was with Rod whom he liked, but the class didn't do a whole lot to make him appreciate the story more. He still didn't like it, or enjoy it or get it. He thought Heathcliff was an asshole and Cathy must have been an idiot to love him. He would have to read the rest of the fucking story for the next session. He dreaded the hours he would have to waste reading the fucking novel.

After the tutorial he went into the computer lab. He wondered if Rue had got home all right. Maybe he could find out when to expect his money. He had added up what he thought Rue owed him including motel, clothes, meals and admission tickets. It came to a little over five hundred dollars. He couldn't believe that they had spent so much, and that was just Rue's part.

His credit card statement would come around the middle of the month. He had put most of the costs on it and he wanted to be able to pay it off. He hated paying those exorbitant interest charges when he couldn't clear the balance. He needed Rue to pay him back soon so that he could avoid racking up the interest charges.

He logged onto Art Nouveau looking for Rue. Sure enough he was there. He requested an IM. Rue responded right away.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: Hey, Justin, great to hear from you.

Slip: Guess you got home okay.

Pet: Long ride. Boring.

Slip: Too bad.

Pet: I had a great time in Pittsburgh.

Slip: Good.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin was waiting for Rue to mention the money, but it didn't seem like that was going to happen.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pet: How's the boyfriend?

Slip: He's okay.

Pet: Just okay?

Slip: Brian's always great.

Pet: U are so full of it.

Slip: He is. He lent us his car and treated us to lunch.

Pet: And gave me the willies.

Slip: Yeah. Speaking of treating, have you any idea when you can send me some money?

Pet: U mean you really want me to pay you back? I thought that was a gift.

Slip: Um … I'm expecting some money.

Pet: I know. I'm kidding.

Slip: So can you send some soon. My credit card statement will be here in a couple of weeks.

Pet: I'll see what I can do.

Slip: Thanks.

Pet: Well, I better go. Got business to do.

Slip: Sure, talk to you later.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin logged off. He couldn't remember the last time Pet had ever cut off their chat. He hoped that wasn't an ominous sign. Pet had been a little evasive about when he would send the money. As he walked to his next class, Justin tried to convince himself that there was nothing to worry about.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A couple of days went by and Justin heard nothing further from Rue. He checked the mail every day to see if a check or money order would arrive. Nothing. By the fourth day Justin was starting to worry. He decided he better contact Rue. He logged on and IM'd Rue.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: Hi, Rue, haven't heard from you for a few days.

Pet: Sorry about that, I've been kind of busy.

Slip: Doing what? (Justin always wondered what Rue did all day, especially now that he knew he really wasn't an art student.)

Pet: Working on some new pieces of art.

Slip: Really? What are they like?

Pet: I'm trying some of the things I saw you do with your work.

Slip: Like what?

Pet: I'm using some computer generated figures and hand coloring them.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin groaned inwardly. That wasn't how his art pieces were done at all, although he could see why Rue might think that. He wondered what kind of poor imitations of his stuff Rue had produced.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: Get any interesting results?

Pet: Yeah, I like them.

Slip: That's good, I guess. Rue, have you sent me the money yet?

Pet: Put it in the mail this morning.

Slip: Great!

Pet: You should have it in three or four days.

Slip: Thanks.

Pet: Been to Babylon since I was there?

Slip: No, but Brian and I might go tonight.

Pet: How is the boyfriend?

Slip: Just fine.

Pet: I bet.

Slip: I should go. Talk to you soon.

Pet: Right.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin logged off wondering why every time Rue mentioned Brian he could feel an implied criticism. Rue and Brian really didn't like each other. The good thing was that Rue had mailed him the money and he should have it in a few days in time to pay off his credit card.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Do you want to go to Babylon tonight?" Brian asked switching off his computer.

It was after eleven o'clock, but Brian was restless and he thought maybe Justin could use some distraction. He had been moping around the last few days. He had spent a couple of nights at Daphne's saying he had to read something or needed some time alone. Brian wasn't sure what was wrong, but he was sure that something was. Maybe he could loosen Justin up with a few drinks and a couple of dances. He needed to know what was going on. He wanted Justin to stay the night and he wanted to fuck him without worrying about what was bothering him.

"Sounds good to me," Justin replied. Knowing his money was on its way made him feel ever so much better.

When they arrived at Babylon things were in full swing. Justin dragged Brian onto the dance floor immediately. They danced to three or four songs before Brian insisted he had to have a drink or he was going to collapse into a dehydrated lump on the floor. They made their way over to the bar.

"Two double Beams," Brian requested. "And a couple of beer chasers."

They downed the Beam and sipped on their beers leaning against the bar and watching the dancers.

"Isn't that the guy who was dancing with Rue the other night?" Justin asked indicating a man dancing nearby.

"How the fuck should I know what Rue was doing?"

Justin glared at him as said man walked towards the bar to get a drink.

"Hey," Justin said to him after he had ordered his drink.

"Hey," the man responded.

"I saw you here the other night," Justin continued.

"Yeah? I've noticed you too."

"Thanks, but I think you were dancing with a friend of mine."

"Oh, who might that be?"

"Rue."

"What the fuck kind of name is that?"

"It's the name of the guy you were dancing with on Saturday night, the one you left with."

"Oh him? His name was Roy."

"No, his name is Rue," Justin insisted.

"He specifically told me his name was Roy, Roy Elson."

"But …" Justin didn't know what to say to that.

"He was the guy in the red shirt, right?" Brian asked wanting to be sure they were talking about the same guy.

"Yeah, I drove him to this seedy motel and he blew me. I wanted to fuck him, but he was weird. Pulled out some pot and rolled a couple. Lit them with a gold lighter that must have cost a fortune. And here he is staying in this crappy fleabag motel! The shit he had was awesome though."

Justin could feel the color drain from his face. This couldn't be his Rue.

"Did you fuck him?" Brian asked.

"No, he got kind of sad, maudlin, after we did the pot. He was spacey and sleepy so I left. Don't think I missed much."

"Probably not," Brian agreed.

"Well, see ya'," the guy said finishing off his drink and making his way back onto the dance floor.

Brian looked at Justin who was as white as a sheet.

"I need to go home, Brian. Right now!"

Chapter 10 by Thyme

 

Net Friends

Chapter 10

Justin was silent all the way home. Brian knew that Rue had given his trick a fictitious name but he wasn't sure why that had upset Justin so much. Many club kids, people, had fake names that they used, but Justin had said that Rue wasn't really very experienced with the club scene. What was going on with that little fucker Rue? He was going to find out.

They rode the elevator up to the loft. Justin leaned against the side of the car as far away from Brian as he could get. Brian continued to study his young lover wondering what Justin was thinking and what had upset him so much.

Once inside the loft Brian had had enough.

"Justin," Brian said. "Justin, look at me! Are you looking at me?"

"What?"

"Tell me what you know about Rue, what you figured out after talking to that guy."

"I … um … I'm not sure."

"Based on the color of your face at Babylon, I'd say you are pretty fucking sure."

"He didn't tell me his real name."

"I figured that out," Brian said, "but there's more, isn't there?"

Justin nodded. "Did you hear that guy say they smoked pot and Rue lit it with a gold lighter?"

"I heard. So…?" Justin stared at Brian. "My gold lighter!" Brian exclaimed. Justin nodded again. "But I didn't think Rue was ever in the loft," Brian said with a frown.

"The first night he was here and you were out. He wanted to see where I live, and I wanted to show off a bit."

"Would he have had a chance to get into my stash and take my lighter?"

"I went to the bathroom, and closed the door. I was in there for a few minutes. When I came out he was standing by the bed. He said he was just looking around," Justin trailed that statement off thinking how easily he had accepted Rue's explanation.

"So he might have had time to take those things?"

Justin nodded. "I think that's what must have happened. It never dawned on me that Rue might have taken them until that guy said Rue used a gold lighter. Then it all made sense."

"Fucking thief! And I bought him lunch."

"I'm sorry, Brian."

"What are you sorry for? He's the thief."

"I brought him here. I gave him the opportunity to rip you off. I talked to him on the internet."

"Justin, you didn't know."

"You tried to warn me," Justin said, tears just a heartbeat away.

"Come here," Brian said.

Justin stepped forward and found himself engulfed in Brian's arms. His own arms went around Brian's back and he held on for all he was worth. He tried not to cry, but a few tears refused to obey.

"I really am sorry," Justin gulped.

"Don't talk," Brian said and his mouth found Justin's. He kissed and kissed and kissed some more, hoping to suck all the hurt and misery out of his boy. The kisses began to have the desired effect as he felt Justin respond and kiss back with all his usual fervor.

Brian began taking off Justin's clothes, only breaking his kisses long enough to get rid of a piece of clothing. He would use one of his patented pain management techniques on Justin - mind blowing sex. That ought to do the trick - and it did.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A few days went by. Justin began to feel a little better. Brian didn't seem to hold Rue's actions against him. In fact Brian was being awfully nice about the whole thing. Justin couldn't help but wonder why.

Every day Justin checked the mail looking for a letter from Rue containing his money. Every day he was disappointed. No letter came. No money came. He began to realize that if Rue was a thief, then it was highly unlikely that he was going to pay Justin back. He was going to rip Justin off too.

Justin went to the last tutorial on "Wuthering Heights". He had finally finished the book. The ghosts of Cathy and Heathcliff stuck in his brain for some reason. In the class they discussed the ending and Justin finally began to realize that how Heathcliff had been with Cathy was his true self. The loss of her and their love had turned him into the insensitive asshole that he was at the beginning of the novel. Only reuniting with Cathy would allow him to be human once again.

As Justin walked out of the class, he thought about the concept of timeless love, love even across the boundary of death, and the whole concept of soulmates. He wondered if Brian truly was his soulmate. He often thought so, and then at other times he wasn't so sure. Brian could be as big an asshole as Heathcliff was. Could his love help to transform the man? He thought he had helped to start that process. If he had died from the bashing, he wondered if Brian would have turned in on himself, becoming more and more isolated from the rest of the world. Would he have become something like Heathcliff? He'd never know, because he had lived and they were still together in spite of everything.

Justin made his way to the computer lab. He had decided last night that he was going to give Rue one more chance. He logged on and requested an IM with Pet. The screen came up saying "blocked". He was blocked from contacting Rue. Blocked! He stared at the computer screen in disbelief.

That fucking asshole Rue was refusing to communicate with him. He couldn't believe it. But, yes, he could. He had suspected that Rue was going to renege on their deal, that he would never see one penny of the money Rue had promised to repay. Somehow though, he had never expected this refusal to communicate. Rue hadn't even given him the chance to tell him off. He couldn't let that asshole know how disappointed he was in him, couldn't vent his frustration, couldn't tell Rue that he needed the money just as much or more than Rue did.

"Fuck!" Justin said aloud as he stood up and walked away from the computer.

Justin spent the rest of the day trying to concentrate on his classes. His mind kept wandering back to the screen that said "blocked". He couldn't believe that he had been so wrong about Rue, or whatever the fuck the guy's name actually was. He had made a big mistake to trust him.

By the time he went back to the loft he had decided that he would tell Brian about the money Rue owed him. He knew he would never see a penny of it, and their finances were such that five hundred bucks would make a big difference to them. He wouldn't be able to contribute anything to their shared expenses for awhile if he hoped to pay off his credit card.

Brian wasn't at the loft when he got there. Justin decided he would cook for them to help reduce food expenses. He rummaged through the cupboards and refrigerator looking for things he could use. He nuked a chicken breast that he found in the freezer, cut it up along with all the vegetables he found in the fridge. There was a piece of cheese so he made a cheese sauce and threw it all on some Minute Rice that he cooked up. It all went into a casserole dish and he stuck it in the oven. He hoped Brian would be home before it was done, but he could always turn the casserole down at the end and keep it warm until Brian arrived.

He went over to his computer and switched it on. He thought maybe he'd talk to Whimsy or some of the other people he chatted with on Art Nouveau. He looked for Whimsy but she wasn't on line, so he tried Mondrian's Myth who was. Myth came up "blocked". That was weird. Myth had never blocked him before. Justin then tried Monet's Lily whom he had talked to a few times. Lily had seemed like a nice girl. It came up "blocked" too. What the fuck was going on?"

Justin stared at the screen for a few minutes not really believing his eyes. Why was he being blocked by all these people that he had thought of as friends, as colleagues?

The computer pinged indicating that someone was willing to talk to him. It was Whimsy. At least she was still willing to communicate. He responded.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: Hey, Whimsy, how are U?

Whimsy: Not so bad, but what about U?

Slip: What do you mean?

Whimsy: Art Nouveau has been buzzing the last couple of days and you are the topic of conversation.

Slip: I tried to contact a couple of people and I've been blocked. Do you know what's going on?

Whimsy: Kind of.

Slip: Tell me.

Whimsy: I found out some of it through a roundabout method.

Slip: Just tell me.

Whimsy: I chat with Monet's Lily sometimes.

Slip: I used to but she's blocked me.

Whimsy: I'm not surprised. She's bought into Pet's story.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin felt a cold shiver run down his spine. He thought this was going to have something to do with Rue and it looked like he was right. He had to know what story Rue was spreading.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Slip: What story?

Whimsy: Apparently Pet has contacted all of the people he usually chats with. I'm not one of them, so I only know what Lily has told me. He has put out the story that he went to visit you and you ripped him off.

Slip: I ripped him off?

Whimsy: That's the story.

Slip: And just how am I supposed to have ripped him off?

Whimsy: Something about stiffing him for all the bills that were run up during his stay with you. You were supposed to be treating him and you made him pay for everything including all your meals and some clothes that you got him to buy.

Slip: Jesus! He told me he had lost his credit card and got me to pay for everything. He owes me over $500. And he's blocked me. I can't communicate with him. I'll never see a cent of that money.

Whimsy: I tried to warn U.

Slip: I know. I wish I'd listened.

Whimsy: I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Slip: The fact that you don't believe him helps a lot.

Whimsy: I don't believe him. I told you what he tried to pull with me. He can't be trusted.

Slip: That's for sure.

Whimsy: Oh, one other thing. Lily says he's accusing you of ripping off his new style of art.

Slip: What?

Whimsy: He says that he described to you a new technique of using computer generated figures and hand coloring them. When he visited you, he discovered that you have been doing a cheap imitation of what he described to you.

Slip: FUCK!!!!!

Whimsy: Excuse me!

Slip: I was doing something like that, but he's got it all backwards. He told me that he was trying out my techniques. I showed some of my work to him while he was here. He's trying to rip off my art as well as my money. What a fucking asshole!

Whimsy: I'm sorry, but that lie really got him sympathy. You know how protective artists are of new techniques or ideas that they develop. Everybody thinks you're going to steal their ideas.

Slip: And so they've blocked me.

Whimsy: That would be my guess.

Slip: Christ! What can I do to fight this?

Whimsy: I don't think there's much you can do. Lay low and let it blow over.

Slip: I can't believe this is happening.

Whimsy: I'm sorry.

Slip: I'm glad you're on my side. Nobody else seems to be.

Whimsy: You're welcome. I could talk to Lily, tell her your side of the story and see if I can get her to believe me.

Slip: You'd do that?

Whimsy: Sure.

Slip: That would be great. I thought I had some friends on this site, but they all seem to have turned against me.

Whimsy: Well I haven't.

Slip: I appreciate that.

Whimsy: I'll tell anybody else that I chat with to watch out for Pet and that they shouldn't believe that bad stuff about you.

Slip: Thanks again.

Whimsy: You're welcome again. I'll be here if you want to talk.

Slip: I'll be in touch soon.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin logged off. His head was spinning. Rue had taken everything that had happened and turned it all around to make Justin the villain. And what was worse was that everybody, except Whimsy, seemed to believe Rue. How could everything have become so fucked up?

The door to the loft slid back as Justin mulled over these thoughts. Brian walked in. He waved a check in the air.

"Hey, Sunshine! I just got paid. The cab company has handed over enough shekels to keep us in beans for another day or two."

"That's good."

"A little more enthusiasm would be appreciated."

"Sorry, but I don't think I can muster up any at the moment."

"What's wrong?"

"Dinner should be ready. Let's eat, and I'll tell you the sad tale while we have the fabulous casserole I made for us. Tomorrow it may be beans."

Justin set out some plates and took the casserole out of the oven. Brian changed into some sweats and they sat down on the couch with their plates.

"This isn't bad," Brian said taking a bite and trying to be encouraging to Justin.

"Yeah," Justin said as he picked at his plate of food.

"Okay, tell me the bad news and then maybe we can eat without getting indigestion."

Justin looked at Brian for a minute. He reached over and set his plate on the coffee table. "I've made a huge mistake," he began. Then it all came pouring out about Rue's credit card story and the five hundred dollars Rue had stiffed him for and how Rue was telling everyone that Justin had stolen his art ideas and how he had been blocked by almost everyone on Art Nouveau.

By the time he was done there were tears running down his face and Brian's arms were around him.

"I'm going to kill that fucking little toad if I ever lay eyes on his fat ass again!" Brian threatened.

"We'll never see him again. He got what he wanted and I have to pay the price for being so stupid."

"I guess five hundred isn't too great a price to pay for learning that the internet is a scary place."

"I won't be able to contribute much to the loft until I pay off my credit card."

"We'll get by. I just got the cab company check and I may have picked up another client this afternoon."

"Who?" Justin asked feeling a little better.

"Buttery Bagels."

"They're yummy," Justin said wiping away most of his tears.

"Yeah, they are. They're expanding across the city and I'm working up a campaign for them."

"That's good."

"But what can we do about Rue? Christ, I knew I hated that fucking name!"

"I should have listened to you about it."

"Too late now."

"I rue the day I first talked to him," Justin said with a huge sigh. "I don't think there's anything I can do. I don't know Rue's real name and he's turned everyone on Art Nouveau against me. They think he's the injured party."

"So he just gets away with it?"

"Looks that way."

"Fuck!"

"You could do that. I might feel better," Justin said snuggling closer and bumping Brian's crotch.

"You are such a naughty little boy. When are you going to start listening to your elders?"

"Some things you have to learn for yourself."

"So have you learned something?"

"Like what?"

"Like … that you never know what you're going to find on the internet," Brian stated. "It could turn out to be some sexy guy who might end up being more than a friend?"

"Or a really nice guy that becomes a friend."

"Or a child molester."

"Or a scam artist."

"Or someone who steals your ideas."

"Or steals your stash."

"Or your lighter.

"Or rips you off."

"A thief."

"A manipulator."

"A fraud."

"A user."

"A liar."

"An asshole."

"Or fucking all of the above."

"Yeah," Justin agreed.

"You just can't know ahead of time what you're going to get with someone from the net. So … whatever is on the net should stay on the internet. Agreed?"

"Probably," Justin said with another sigh.

"Youth! How do you ever get through to them?" Brian thought, but he quickly put that thought out of his head as his mouth found Justin's. They had more important things to do.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hours later Justin lay awake in the bed beside Brian. He would like revenge on Rue, but that was highly unlikely. Maybe tomorrow he would contact Whimsy and see if she had made any progress with Lily. He wanted some of his net friends back. He wasn't going to let Rue take everything away from him, not if he could do anything about it.

He got up from bed and went to the coat rack by the door. He fished in the pocket of his jacket and found the cheap, ugly keychain that Rue had given him. He wanted to throw it in Rue's face but he would never get that opportunity. He walked over to the garbage can and was about to toss it in when something stopped him. He held the offensive keychain up and looked at it more closely.

"Come back to bed," Brian's voice said from the bedroom startling him.

Justin carried the keychain with him as he climbed the steps and slid into bed next to Brian.

"What were you doing down there?" Brian asked.

"Looking at my five hundred dollar keychain," Justin replied showing it to Brian. "What a fucking piece of junk!"

"Not much of a bargain was it!"

Justin shook his head. "But I've decided to keep it and use it. Every time I touch it it will remind me of what happened. I won't make that mistake again."

"Good." Brian pulled him close.

"Brian, did you ever read 'Wuthering Heights'?"

"Yes, why?"

"Just wondered," Justin said drawing circles with his finger around Brian's nipple. He could see it start to stand up. "What did you think of Heathcliff?"

"A bit of an asshole, but he had lost the most important thing in his life, so it was … understandable."

"Do you think something like that could ever happen?"

"Maybe," Brian said seriously.

"Did Heathcliff remind you of anyone?"

"No," Brian replied too quickly. He rolled his body over on top of Justin pinning the boy to the bed. His hands wandered all over the slender body and his mouth chewed at Justin's lips and chin and throat.

Justin smiled briefly as he knew that Brian had made the connection. This was one of those times when he was sure they were soulmates. That was his last coherent thought as Brian carried him away to that lovely, exciting, passionate place that Justin was sure only the two of them could reach. Nothing else mattered.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The next day Brian was on the computer working on the ads for Buttery Bagels. After he had completed a couple of them, he leaned back in his chair and stared at the monitor. An idea began to form.

He searched for the site he wanted and entered it. He had to be a member to go farther. He decided to join. He thought for a moment to come up with a good screen name to use. Then it hit him - Pollock's Pole. He didn't really like Jackson Pollock's stuff too much. It looked like he threw cans of paint at the canvas, but for some reason his name had popped into Brian's head. Pole could be taken in several ways.

Brian read through some of the messages and then decided to introduce himself. He made up some junk about himself. A couple of people responded with a welcome. One of them was someone called Picasso's Pet.

"Contact!" Brian grinned as a plan began to form in his head.

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1327