Consequences - Meeting Justin by SandyGale
Summary:

Melanie brings the family - minus Michael and Lindsay - to Britin. The family gets to meet Justin. How will that afternoon go?


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Blake Wyzecki, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Debbie Novotny, Drew Boyd, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, James 'Hunter' Montgomery, Jenny Rebecca Marcus-Peterson, Justin Taylor, Melanie Marcus, Rodney, Ted Schmidt, Vic Grassi
Tags: Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, Family, Friendship, HIV/Aids
Genres: Alternate Universe
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Debbie/Carl, Emmett/Drew, Melanie/Lindsay, Michael/Ben, Ted/Blake, Vic/Rodney
Challenges: None
Series: Consequences
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2119 Read: 5754 Published: Aug 26, 2018 Updated: Aug 26, 2018
Story Notes:

I focused on the gang's first look at Britin and Justin. Also, since I'm a huge dog lover and proud owner I wanted to include some dogs, too. I hope you'll enjoy this part as well.

Big thanks goes to Loahisi, my beta and friend.

1. Chapter 1 by SandyGale

Chapter 1 by SandyGale
Author's Notes:

The gang meets Brian's family...

Melanie had smiled to herself while she listened to Gus’ excited chatter about his daddy’s palace that he had bought for his prince Justin. Jenny’s little eyes grew bigger by each sentence of her brother. The boy had always loved being at Britin and he couldn’t wait for Jenny to finally discover the huge mansion, the stables with the horses and ponies, the lovely dogs Brian and Justin owned and the many birds that fly all over the grounds. Gus had loved the big forest from the get go.

 

The gang sat quietly in Drew’s huge car and listened to Gus explaining how he build several tree houses with his daddy and papa. It was hard for all of them to imagine Brian Kinney building tree houses, owning horses and dogs, mowing the lawn and enjoying nature. None of that sounded like the Brian they had known for so many years. But Brian had changed a lot and they realized that Justin might had been the reason for those changes.

 

After a forty minute drive to West Virginia, the entire gang stood shell shocked in front of a beautiful gate that surrounded not only a huge mansion but also a lot of ground. They were brought out of their shock moment by the sound of different dogs barking. Gus jumped up and down while clapping his hands when he noticed the dogs.

 

“Oh my dogs are happy to see me. Can you see them, momma?” The boy asked excitedly.

 

Melanie and the gang nodded yes, and jumped in surprise when the gate suddenly opened.

 

“Come on, you have to meet my dogs and my papa.” Gus dragged the group along.

 

“Roses… and tulips. Look momma, those are sunflowers.” Jenny said astonished.

 

“Oh these are beautiful.” Debbie said, admiring the lovely flower garden.

 

“GUS.” Brian shouted, making the gang turn around to look at the ad ex.

 

“DADDY.” Gus shouted back, running towards his daddy who held his arms open to catch him. After he had whirled Gus around through the air, he let the little boy down and caught Jenny in a loving hug, whispering sweet compliments into her ear and making the little girl giggle.

 

“Mel, I wasn’t expecting you guys so early. Justin just finished the cupcakes and strawberry cake. You’ll love it.” Brian finally turned towards the group. “Welcome to Britin.”

 

“Brian.” Debbie sobbed. “Oh Brian, I’m so happy for you. Where is that prince of yours? I have to meet him.”

 

“He’s in the kitchen. Why don’t you all go to the patio and I’ll bring out some drinks for all of us and then we can talk.” Brian suggested. “Gus, why don’t you show the family the way?”

 

Gus nodded happily and grabbed his sister’s hand and yelled for the adults to follow him.

 

“WOW.” Almost everyone from the gang let out that word in amazement when they reached the patio. Drew had seen a lot of luxurious architecture and decoration before but Brian’s patio left him speechless and Hunter just literally drooled over the stylish yet comfortable patio.

 

“Here grandma, you can all sit here on the long table. We always sit here when gramma and grappy are here to visit.” Gus explained.

 

“Gramma? Grappy?” Ben asked confused.

 

“Yes, Debbie and Carl are my grandma and grandpa so I couldn’t call Jennifer and Craig that. They’re my gramma and grappy. They are so cool and funny. I wish they were here today to meet you all.” Gus chatted and explained.

 

“They’ll come for the weekend, Guster.” Justin said coming out of the house. “Hey everyone, I’m Justin. It’s really nice to meet you all.” He said to the group while walking towards Jenny.

 

“And you must be princess Jenny. Gus told me so much about you. And he was right, you’re absolutely adorable and very pretty.” The blonde man smiled at Jenny, who reacted shyly at first but then was all smiles for Justin. “My name is Justin, but before Gus called me papa he used to call me Jussin. If you want you can call me that. It’s a real pleasure to meet you, princess Jenny.” Justin said making Jenny giggle.

 

“Okay, please don’t tell me your names. Brian has told me so much about you and I think I can guess who each one of you is.” Justin said. Gus was happy with the plan. He knew Justin would guess right.

 

“Let’s start with Mrs. Novotny. It’s so nice to finally meet you. I wanted to thank you for caring about Brian all those years. I’m so happy he met you when he was younger. You were a real god send for him.” Justin smiled at her and Deb just cried even more.

 

“Debbie, please call me Debbie. Or Deb or Debs. Or whatever you want, you’re part of this family and I love you already just for loving our Brian. I was afraid he would never open up to someone but you changed all that. He isn’t alone anymore.” The waitress sobbed.

 

“And you must be Detective Carl Horvath. A true hero if Brian is to believe. Thank you for your part in bringing Stockwell down.” Justin greeted Carl.

 

“It’s Carl, son. Welcome to the family. And it really was just me doing my job. A murderer is a murderer, even if he’s the major.” The older man explained smiling at Justin, who smiled back.

 

“Okay, and you,” Justin said, looking directly at Emmett. “must be Emmett Honeycutt, party planner extraordinaire. I adore, no I LOVE your outfit. Not many men can wear pink but you definitely can. So nice to meet you. And Drew Boyd of course, too. So glad you and Emmett are back together. Been a fan since Brian told me about the two of you. I’m a shipper.” Justin giggled.

 

Emmett grinned, blushed and grinned again listening to Justin. Only Brian Kinney could catch a polite, funny and beautiful man like Justin. Emmett was definitely Team Justin.

“It’s great to meet you, too. I thought this whole ‘Brian got married’ thing was a joke but you’re perfect. I mean, look at you. So beautiful and that adorable bubble butt of yours deserves an award.” Emmett said and hugged Justin.

 

“You’re definitely a catch.” Drew added, shaking Justin’s hand. The blonde was still being hugged by Emmett.

 

“Thank you. And you must be Ted.” Justin guessed turning towards Ted, who nodded and held up his hand to greet the blonde. “Brian told me that you’re the best accountant in the world and that you’ve become such a good friend to him. Thank you for that. And you have to be Blake. I’m so proud of you for fighting your addiction and now helping others to do the same. I have so much respect for you.” Justin greeted a shyly smiling Blake as well.

 

“Nice to meet you, too. Why Brian had to tell you about Ted’s and my addiction is questionable though.” Blake said quietly.

 

“Oh he didn’t mean anything by it, Blake. Brian told me all about the people in his life and he admires both of you for getting clean and taking control of your lives again. And neither of you has to be ashamed of your past. It’s part of you and I think it made both of you a lot stronger. We all have done questionable things but it’s how we deal with them that counts. Be proud of yourself Blake. And you, too Ted.” Justin said honestly and Vic was impressed. Not only did the young blonde defend Brian, he also wasn’t judging Blake and Ted. He encouraged them to be proud of who they have become after fighting their addiction. Vic thought that Justin was a blessing for Brian.

 

“Finally, Vic. Brian loves the bones of you and he’s so happy for you and Rodney. It’s an absolute pleasure to meet the two of you. Oh and Vic, Emmett, Brian brought some of your offerings a couple of times and they were so delicious. I love your catering service and party plannings.” Justin told them, conjuring a smile on their faces.

 

Vic was only able to smile at Justin. His emotions were running wild so Rodney took over. “It’s so good to meet you, too Justin. Thank you for loving Brian.” The grey haired man said.

 

“He’s so easy to love, you know. Such a caring, loving and gentle man who’s so beautiful on the outside and the inside. He’s my everything.” Justin told the gang which was met by many honest, sappy smiles and gagging from Hunter.

 

“I guess the almost puker here must be Hunter. Jenny’s bigger brother. I having nothing but respect and admiration for you. Such a cool dude you are.” Justin said funnily, making Hunter laugh out loud.

 

“Oh shit, you’re awesome.” Hunter said in between laughing before he turned serious again. “Thanks. I take it Brian told you about my past.” He asked and sighed when Justin nodded his yes. “I promise to never hurt Gus or Jenny.”

 

Justin raised a brow in confusion. “Why would you say that? I think you’d protect them with your life. The way you look at them is the look of a proud big brother. Believe me, I should know. I have a younger sister. And as I already told Blake and Ted, your past is just that: your past. It doesn’t define you. You’re more than your past. You live a different life now and if you ever need help or just someone to talk you can always rely on Brian and me.” Justin said determinedly, making Hunter choke up. The teen got up to hug the blonde.

 

After patting Hunter on the back with a proud smile, Justin turned to look at Ben. “It’s nice to meet you professor Bruckner. You are doing a great job with Hunter. And Brian and I are really proud of you for living your live instead of giving up. You’re more than your disease.” Ben had to quickly wipe away a few tears listening to Justin. Never once had Michael said something so simple yet encouraging to him or Hunter.

 

“Please call me Ben. No need for formalities. Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the support you just lend to us.” Ben said, smiling.

 

Justin took a deep breath before he turned to Gus. “Hey Guster, why don’t you introduce the family to your dogs while Brian and I get everything ready so we can have some cake and coffee?” Gus whistled loudly and soon a huge group of dogs was on the way to the patio.

 

“Okay everyone. See those two dalmatians? Those are Pongo and Perdy. This is Pluto, our bloodhound. Those two labradors are called Cap and Capper. Lady Susie here is a cocker spaniel. Our huskies Bolt and Sarabi. Our beagle’s name is Snoopy. And our baby here, Simba. He’s a german shepherd.” Gus informed his family.

 

When Brian and Justin had finished bringing out dishes, the cupcakes and cake, coffee and some juice for the kids they all enjoyed a light conversation over the delicious pastries. Everyone was impressed by Justin’s manners and ability to hold conversations about really everything easily. In the late afternoon, Brian decided to start the grill so the family could eat dinner together.

 

When Jenny and Gus got too tired, Justin invited Melanie to stay for the night with the kids. The rest of the gang went back to their homes. Later in bed, Justin turned to look at his husband.

 

“I’m sorry.” The blonde whispered. Brian raised his brow in confusion. “Sorry for pushing you to let me meet your family. I’ve noticed that Michael and Lindsay weren’t there and Melanie mentioned that you didn’t want them to be. I get it now. You thought if you wouldn’t introduce me to them, you could go on pretending they were your friends.”

 

Brian sighed deeply. “Yeah. I just don’t get it. I never knew how to love or to accept love but you taught me. Why can’t Michael and Lindsay learn to be true friends? Well, I’ll tell you why they can’t, because they don’t want to. It hurts but thanks to you and the rest of the gang I learned to defend myself.”

 

“I love you, Brian.” Justin whispered tenderly.


“Love you, too.” Brian whispered back and watched his sunshine fall asleep.

 

End Notes:

The 5th chapter will include a flashback to how Brian and Justin met. Also, the timeline will be explained better.

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1332