Consequences - Past, Present & Future by SandyGale
Summary:

This happened during the talks between B/J and the gang. I didn’t include that part in the previous chapter because I wanted to focus on the meetings and first impressions. Oh and this will also tell the story about our guys.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Blake Wyzecki, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, David Cameron, Debbie Novotny, Drew Boyd, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, James 'Hunter' Montgomery, Jenny Rebecca Marcus-Peterson, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Rodney, Ted Schmidt, Vic Grassi
Tags: Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, Family, Jealousy, M/M, Wedding
Genres: Alternate Universe
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Debbie/Carl, Emmett/Drew, Melanie/Lindsay, Michael/Ben, Ted/Blake, Vic/Rodney
Challenges: None
Series: Consequences
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2474 Read: 5812 Published: Aug 29, 2018 Updated: Aug 29, 2018
Story Notes:

Justin and Brian tell the gang their story - how they met, marriage and future plans. Someone from Michael's past shows up...

1. Chapter 1 by SandyGale

Chapter 1 by SandyGale
Author's Notes:

Thanks to my beta loahisi! She's such a huge help.

Justin had liked the gang from the first moment. He couldn’t help but think that Brian really nailed each one of their characters, ambitions and personalities. His descriptions all seemed to fit and he was happy that the gang had accepted him immediately and welcomed him to their family. The blonde was glad to know that Brian had these people in his life.

 

He was eager to learn more about these people and listened to everything they told him. How Emmett and Vic had build up their business with Brian’s help, how Ted and Blake sobered up and started new paths in their lives, how Ted came to work for Brian, the true story of Emmett and Drew with all ups and downs, how Carl met Debbie and joined the family. Melanie was the only one who didn’t talk much but Justin figured she was a bit more relaxed. After all, they already met hours ago and had the chance to talk a little bit. Still, the artist intended to meet with the lawyer soon again to talk more.

 

“Ok, when did you and Brian got married, Justin? I really want to know.” Debbie thought she was asking the million dollar question.

 

“Oh, we’re in year two of our marriage now, Deb. It was really a small wedding, only Gus and my family and best friend.” Justin said.

 

“Yes, I was fours years old.” Gus interrupted his papa.

 

“Four years, Gus. You were four years old when daddy and I got married.” Justin explained tenderly.

 

“Oh, no s on the four, then? I heard that I always have to add the s to a number. Maybe I misheard.” Gus mumbled.

 

“Probably. But don’t worry, Guster. You’re young and still learning.” Justin smiled at the little boy who was always happy to learn something new.

 

“Anyways, the wedding was really small as I said but perfect.” The blonde continued but Ted’s mumbling interrupted him. “Ted, what did you say?” Justin asked.

 

“I just said that only Debbie would leave out all the important stuff and come to the wedding question right away. If you don’t mind us asking, Justin and Brian, how and when did you met? Tell us everything from the beginning, please.” Ted explained.

 

“Oh haha, that’s a good point you have.” Justin laughed heartily.

 

“Remember when I was traveling through the States about three years ago?” Brian asked and Ted nodded. “Well, I had to go to New York to meet with Leo Brown and he asked to join him and his wife to an art showing. I agreed and Justin was the big artist whose pieces were being showed. I was impressed with his art and I usually don’t have any interest in art and all that stuff. But his work was really good, I even understood some pieces.” Brian laughed.

 

“True, he walked up to me and said ‘how is it going? Had a busy night?’ and I was really nervous because, ya well, I mean look at him. All sexy, gorgeous and confident and I’m really not comfortable at shows because of the press and people so I just stood there and all I could say was ‘sure’. Brian just smirked at me and was totally flirting.” Justin told them and laughed outraged at Brian’s snort. “Oh yes, Mister. You were totally flirting. And so damn smug.”

 

“Well, you were putty in my hands… of course I was smug. And you didn’t tell them that I already had a good look at your as… butt at that point so of course I was flirting.” Brian said in a duh voice.

 

“Anyways, we just talked a bit about my art and other random, boring shit. But the chemistry was there and we had lots of fun making fun of all the snotty rich art lovers. I laughed so hard whenever Brian pitched a perfect impression. I even began to feel comfortable and whenever I was talking to a reporter or someone rich and important, Brian was there to support me. His hand was on my back the whole time and it was soothing my nerves. He was really great, kind and sweet. After my show we agreed to meet for lunch the following day.” Justin explained.

 

“Wait, meeting for lunch as in a date?” Emmett asked in awe.

 

“Yes, Honeycutt. I asked him for a date. Can we move on?” Brian snarked annoyed.

 

“Don’t call me Honeycutt and yes, Justin please continue.” Emmett snarked back and sticked out his tongue at the ad genius.

 

“So, after that date - which went very well and for a long time by the way - we spent day and night together, getting to know one another. Two days later I told Brian to check out of his hotel and stay with me and he did. We did normal things like cooking together, watching tv and we talked for hours. He told me about his childhood, family and friends. I did the same and I guarantee you guys, the ‘s.e.x.’ was phenomenal as well.” Justin spelled it so the kids wouldn’t hear it.

 

“Oh my God, I just realized that Justin was the reason you wanted me and Cynthia to do the travelings and presentations. That correct?” Ted wondered.

 

“Yeah, I wanted to spend more time with Justin and get to know him. I actually moved in with Justin and never stayed in a hotel when I was in New York.” Brian explained.

 

“And you were a lot in New York if my memory serves me right.” Vic mentioned.

 

“That’s true. And he was with me all the time when he didn’t have meetings. We had been together for seven months, Brian asked me to go out for dinner with him to celebrate our 7th month anniversary. When we got home that evening my living room was decorated with dick candles and condoms all over the floor. We made love a couple of times when Brian got up to get champagne and glasses. I almost fainted when he asked me to marry him. It was pure Brian… and in a way it was very romantic. We’ve been monogamous ever since.” Justin said with a dreamy expression on his face.

 

“The next time he came to New York he wasn’t alone though. Brian introduced me to Gus and I was so happy. Such a beautiful boy.” The artist told them.

 

“It was amazing, really. I was worried that Gus and Justin wouldn’t get along but they clicked instantly and bonded so fast. I really didn’t need to worry. Ever since, Gus called him his Jussin.” Brian said proudly.

 

“That was our big weekend, you know.” Justin continued. “I finally introduced Brian to my parents and my sister. He had met my best friend Daphne already and she adores him. It was awkward for Brian at first but when my mother broke the ice telling him about my running around naked in church when I was five years old he was joking and laughing with my family. My father knew about Brian’s reputation in the business world already so they had a good connection right away. You know, from businessman to businessman. Molly, my little sister noticed my ring first and after that, we had to introduce them to Gus. My parents love to spoil him, they call him their grandson.” Justin told them happily.

 

“Yeah, just mention Gus’ name to them and they won’t stop gushing about how adorable he is.” Brian laughed and was joined by Melanie who agreed. She was happy to hear how much love Gus got from Justin’s family. Gus just grinned and declared his grandparents the coolest in the world.

 

“We got married two months later. Daphne and Molly were our best women. Brian was a bit sad not to have Debbie and Vic there and I told him they were welcome but then he explained to me about Michael and Lindsay and I had to agree with him that they shouldn’t be invited.” Justin said and at the confused look on Debbie’s face, Brian ventured in.

 

“I knew you would have been happy for me, Ma. And Vic, too. But I wasn’t sure about Michael and Lindsay. They had their own families with Ben and Melanie but they literally freaked out when I wasn’t out at Babylon tricking and drinking. Michael was constantly calling, not to ask how I was or anything. The only question he ever asked was ‘how many guys did you fuck already?’ and I thought they wouldn’t be happy for me. Today just proved my fear.” The brunette sighed sadly. “Don’t get me wrong, Justin knows about my past. The tricking, the drinking and the drugs, he knows everything. He accepted it as my past, not my present or future. Even Craig and Jennifer, his parents, didn’t care. They told me to make sure that I’m healthy and they demanded this honesty forever. As long as I was safe and honest, made Justin and Gus happy they’d support me.” Brian said.

 

“About six months ago we decided to have a child.” Justin dropped the bomb that had everyone surprised.

 

“Exactly, and we wanted our child to grow up in the country, not in a big city like New York. I called Cynthia and she found Britin for us. Daphne is carrying our child. I had to travel a lot more back and forth between Pittsburgh and New York in the past months to organize our move, to get the dogs and so on. Craig and Jennifer decided to move here too so I helped them as well. But now everything is settled and we’re ready for Gus’ little brother.” Brian said excitedly.

 

“YAY! A BROTHER!” Gus cheered loudly. He had wished for a baby brother.

 

“So, this is our story. I hope it was as great to hear as it was for us to live.” Justin joked and made everyone laugh.

 

“Oh I’m just so happy. Brian is a different man now.” Emmett cried.

 

“It was always in him, Emmett. He just never dared to be his true self.” Vic said, looking proudly at Brian.

 

“I think Vic is right. I’m so sorry for never seeing you, Brian. As a lawyer, it is my job to read people but I never even tried to understand or see the real you. I blamed you for Lindsay’s actions and inability to be true to herself. I know that she wants to be more than just your friend. She wants to be your wife and instead of holding Lindsay accountable, I blame it all on you. I’ve treated you so badly in the past and I promise that it won’t happen again. You are a great father to Gus and you brought so many great people into his life. Justin, his family… they accepted him right away, love him as if he was their own. As Gus’ mother, all I ever wanted for him was to be loved and cherished. You gave him that. Thank you for that.” Melanie sobbed.

 

“Thank you, Mel. You’re a great mom to Gus and Jenny and I hope that we’ll get along better from now on. For Gus and Jenny. And for ourselves.” Brian said earnesty.

 

“Amazing.” Blake said.

 

“Oh we have to do a baby party for you guys.” Emmett jumped up and down excitedly.

 

“I don’t know if we’ll have the time for that but I’ll call you this week, okay?” Justin offered.

 

“Do that, honey. You need a baby party.” Emmett laughed.

 


SAME TIME - PRETTY TEA CAFÉ

He was nervous. In about an hour he would finally get rid of the bandage that covered his head. He had become a loser, a lousy fool. He used to be THE chiropractor for the celebrities but now, David Cameron, was a different man.

 

Seven months ago his world had crashed. He had thought he found the right man. The one to spend the rest of his life with but it was all an illusion. Kevin Dancey was a con-man. David knew that now. They dated for four years until Kevin told him that his ex had died in a car accident and he would need to take care of his daughter. Kevin only had a small apartment so David offered he should move in so they could raise his daughter together. David had been in love, that was the only reason he fell for Kevin’s stupid excuse about owning a good and big enough place for his daughter. He couldn’t get custody without the ownership. David had signed over his house to his lover and added him to his bank account. It was all Kevin ever wanted. Within hours the locks were changed and his bank account emptied. When David had come home later in the evening that day, he had to realize that he was homeless and broke.

 

With a lot of luck he found a small apartment but he drank too much and soon lost his job. One night, when he had noticed that he was out of alcohol, he got up to go to the store but never reached it. A drunk driver wrecked his car and flew over the sidewalk. The car had hit him badly, he’d been in a coma for a week. The damage caused by the hit and the flames to his face were so bad, he had to wear a bandage all the time.

 

Now, he was drinking some tea before his appointment. Four days ago his son Hank had called. His mother and stepfather were killed by bank robbers during a hostage situation in Portland. David had to get his son and was now responsible for the terrified boy, who was waiting in the car outside of the bank when the robbery took place.

 

“Gus knew all along about this… this interloper and that farce of a marriage.” Lindsay spat out angrily.

 

“Yeah. Brian should have introduced that asshole to us. I bet this Justin is a gold digging whore who’s after Brian’s money. And the shithead used Gus to tie Brian to him.” Michael muttered loudly. David Cameron recognized that whiny voice instantly.

 

‘Brian Kinney was married? That arrogant bastard had found someone to love?’ David thought and couldn’t believe it. He continued listening to his ex and Lindsay. Neither would recognize him. He had to go to be on time for his schedule, but he decided to look for Brian and inform him of the conversation he had just heard.

 

 

End Notes:

Hope you enjoy it :)

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1333