This Can't Happen To Him by Lorie
Summary:

 

What happened on the way to the hospital.

 

 

This story is dedicated to Gloria Hernon. I wrote it today after reading her request for a story about Brian's thoughts during the ambulance ride to the hospital after the bashing.   

 

And to Nichelle, thanks so much for the editing. You're the best.  


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: 1k Words or Less
Genres: Could be Canon, Gap-Filler, Hurt/Comfort
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 852 Read: 901 Published: Oct 05, 2018 Updated: Oct 05, 2018
Story Notes:

All recognizable characters, places, situations, etc. are the property of Cowlip. No copyright infringement is intended. All original content, characters, companies, places, and situations are the intellectual property of this author.    

1. Chapter 1 by Lorie

Chapter 1 by Lorie

 

 

"NO NO NO NO NO NO GOD!!!" I hear someone shout in horror. I didn't even realize at first that it was me.

 

Grabbing the white silk scarf, I press it to the gash on his temple and slide my leg carefully under his head, wanting it to be off the cold, dirty ground. Quickly dialing 911, I give the dispatcher the location and specifics of why I'm calling. I'm crying as I cradle my lover and pray to a God I don't really believe in to please save the young man who holds my heart. What seems to me like hours but is actually only minutes later, the ambulance comes screaming into the parking garage of the hotel.

 

The paramedics jump out, grab their supplies and come running over to us. Carefully, they hold his head as I move my leg out of the way. Then they lay Justin down as one of them takes his vitals and the other secures a collar around his neck. The larger of the two is apparently in charge and starts giving orders to the other one. Then he asks me, "Do you have a list of Justin's allergies?". I don't remember telling him Justin's name, I think, as I pull out my wallet and hand him the list I always keep there. He checks it over and starts to hand it back to me. I tell him to keep it because they will need it at the hospital. I don't know why but there is something familiar about this guy, but it doesn't matter as long as they get Justin out of there.

 

I move back out of their way but I'm keeping my eyes on Justin. He always looks pale, but he has lost a lot of blood and is still unconscious, so he appears almost ghost-like. They hook up an IV, then carefully put him on a backboard and lift him onto the stretcher. The smaller guy looks at me and asks if I'm related to Justin. Sadly, I shake my head and he says that only family can ride with patients. The larger guy looks at him and says "He goes with us. And you drive," in a voice that brooks no argument. The smaller man just nods.

 

I thank him as I climb in the back and sit beside the man I love and hold his hand, kissing it as I will him to hold on. The larger man climbs in the back with us and checks Justin's vitals again before he plugs in the monitor. I know I should call someone, but I just look at my phone and draw a blank.

 

"Do you want me to text Michael for you?" the paramedic asks.

 

I just stare at him and nod as I tilt my head and hand him my phone. As he texts a message to Mikey, he twists around and looks at me over his shoulder.

 

"Todd?" I ask, shocked.

 

"I don't live at Babylon. Have to do something to pay for the cover charge," He answers.

 

A few minutes later, the monitor screams and Todd yells for the driver to hurry as he starts compressions on Justin's chest.

 

"Please, Justin. I love you. Don't leave me," I beg as Todd works on him.

 

He gets Justin back pretty quickly as the driver races even faster toward the hospital, and I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

 

Todd reaches up and runs his thumb down my cheek, wiping the tears that I can't stop.

 

"Brian, Justin is a strong young man and very special. He'd have to be to capture and keep you,"

 

"But if I hadn't come to his prom this wouldn't have happened," I sob, feeling a crushing guilt over not being able to protect one of the two people I would willingly give my life for. Justin and Gus are my whole reason for existing.

 

"You don't know that. That son-of-a-bitch had it in for him. You being there could very well be the only reason Justin isn't dead," Todd tells me as he checks on Justin again.

 

"I... I just..." I start to say, but it's hard to talk through the tears.

 

"You love him. Anyone that looks at the two of you together knows that. At least anyone who is honest. It's in everything you do for each other. What you two have together is very special. Hold onto it. Not everyone gets to find their soulmate. That's why you two will always be the royal couple,"

 

As we pull into the emergency bay, I thank Todd for everything he's done. Then before the door opens, I start to ask, "Todd..."

 

"This conversation never happened, Your Majesty," He says with a wink, as he climbs out and he and his partner move Justin into the emergency room.

 

That nelly bottom queen will never have to pay another cover charge at Babylon, I'll see to that.

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1351