It's All Down Hill From Here by SabinaThymeSunshine
Summary:

Sometimes you come out on top, and sometimes you don't.

Story #51 in the Sunshine Files

 


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Original Character, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: Family
Genres: Alternate Canon, Drama
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: The Sunshine Files
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 27833 Read: 7322 Published: Nov 18, 2018 Updated: Nov 18, 2018

1. Chapter 1 by SabinaThymeSunshine

2. Chapter 2 by SabinaThymeSunshine

3. Chapter 3 by SabinaThymeSunshine

4. Chapter 4 by SabinaThymeSunshine

5. Chapter 5 by SabinaThymeSunshine

6. Chapter 6 by SabinaThymeSunshine

7. Chapter 7 by SabinaThymeSunshine

8. Chapter 8 by SabinaThymeSunshine

9. Chapter 9 by SabinaThymeSunshine

Chapter 1 by SabinaThymeSunshine


It's All Down Hill From Here

Chapter 1



Justin pumped into the willing ass. This was the best orgy he’d ever been too. Well, he hadn’t really been to many orgies, but there had been a few times with Brian and then the Sap. Justin drove that thought out of his head, as he drove in again and again.

“Close,” he whispered, as he looked down into the face of the man beneath him.

The face was sweaty and flushed. The eyes were closed and the mouth was open as he gasped for breath. The long legs of the man were over Justin’s shoulders, his hands clutching the sheets beneath them.

“Oh, fuck!” Justin gasped as he shuddered and shot his load. The man under him gave a strangled cry and shot right after.

Justin slumped forward and felt strong arms wrap around him. He sucked in some much needed air while his heart pounded rapidly in his chest. After a couple of minutes he snuggled his head under the chin and felt a kiss to the top of his head.

“You okay?” Justin asked.

“Just about perfect,” Brian sighed. “Thoroughly exhausted and fully sated.”

“You mean you’ve had enough?” Justin asked wickedly.

“I could go again,” came the confident reply.

“Could not.”

“Could so.”

“That was what … the fifth or sixth time since we got back to the hotel?” Justin asked.

“I lost count.”

Justin snorted. “I was thinking this was the best orgy I’d ever attended.”

“And how many orgies have you been to, young man?” Brian asked.

“A few, mostly with you.”

“Ah, the good old days.”

“Were they? The good old days, I mean?” Justin queried.

“At the time they were, but bigger and better things awaited us … like tonight,” Brian said with a smile curving the corners of his mouth. Tonight had been as close to perfect as it was possible to get.

Justin sighed contentedly. “You know just the right thing to say.”

“I am in advertising you know.”

“No shit,” Justin laughed. “I’m done. I need to sleep.”

“And you’re supposed to be the young one,” Brian sneered, but Justin could hear the humor in his voice.

“I love you,” Justin said.

“Happy anniversary, Sunshine,” Brian replied kissing the top of the blond locks once again.

“Anniversary! What are you talking about? Today’s my wedding day. I’m a newlywed,” Justin teased.

“Right,” Brian agreed with a laugh. “And about to embark on your honeymoon.”

“Every day has been a honeymoon with you,” Justin declared.

“Your nose is growing,” Brian cautioned.

Justin laughed. “No it’s not.”

“I know I’m not the … easiest person to live with,” Brian admitted. “You’ve been very patient over the years.”

“Patient? Is that the word you’d use to describe me?”

“What would you prefer? I was trying to give you a compliment.”

“Hm,” Justin murmured. “I guess marriage has changed you already. The Brian Kinney I know and love doesn’t give compliments.”

“Not unless they’re true.” Brian could feel Justin’s mouth curve into a smile as it rested against his chest.

“As to what I’d prefer you to compliment me on, let’s see…my ass, my beauty, my sexual prowess.”

“All of which are extremely satisfactory.”

“Satisfactory?” Justin questioned gasping that Brian would use the “s” word to describe him.

“I did say extremely, but perhaps I should have used perfect instead of satisfactory.”

“Much better.”

“Happy to oblige,” Brian said contentedly.

“Is this what our honeymoon is going to be like?” Justin asked. “Nonstop fucking and tons of compliments?”

“You wouldn’t like that?”

“I most certainly would,” Justin giggled.

“Then count on it.”

“Where are we going on our honeymoon anyway?” Justin asked. “You’ve refused to tell me.”

“I said it would be warm and you’d need a bathing suit.”

“I take it that it’s not clothing optional then?”

“Only in our suite.”

“Oooh, suite, I like the sound of that,” Justin said.

“First class all the way when you’re with me, kid,” Brian stated.

“Yep, I have to agree with that, but I’d like a clue as to where this suite might be located.”

“Not telling,” Brian said. “You’ll find out at the airport tomorrow, make that today,” he said as he looked over at the clock on the nightstand. It was 3:15 in the morning.

“Meanie,” Justin said.

Brian snorted. “I hope Bree got to sleep all right tonight,” Brian mused.

“You know John and Bobby will look after her, and her Patrick will keep her company. She won’t have a chance to miss us.”

“Yeah,” Brian said softly. He missed his daughter already. “That was some party our friends and family threw for us tonight. They’re the best.”

“I’m going to tell them you said that,” Justin threatened.

“They won’t believe you.”

“I can be very convincing.”

“Don’t I know it, but they’ll think I’ve gone bonkers if you are able to convince them I said any such thing,” Brian explained.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t want them to have you committed.”

“I thought you wanted to go to sleep,” Brian reminded him.

“I’m enjoying basking in the glow of our lovemaking, and reminiscing about our beautiful anniversary party.”

“You mean our recent wedding,” Brian corrected.

“That too.”

“Your father made it through to the end. I could hardly believe my eyes when I turned around after we said our vows, and he was still sitting there.”

“With Bree on his lap,” Justin chuckled.

“Yeah, I think our daughter had a lot to do with keeping him in his seat.”

Justin nodded. “But he told me after that…”

“What?” Brian asked with a frown. He hoped Craig hadn’t upset his husband.

“He said he saw pure love on my face while we said out vows. It reminded him of mom’s face when they got married.”

Brian scrunched up his face. “I’m not sure what to make of that statement. I don’t like being compared to your parents’ marriage. Look how it ended.”

“You’re not getting rid of me,” Justin vowed.

“I hope not.”

“I think dad just meant that he finally realized how much I love you and how happy you make me.”

“It only took, what, twenty years for him to come to that realization.”

“I never said he was brilliant,” Justin chuckled.

“But he has a very smart son.”

“Yes, he does.”

“When did you get a swelled head?”

“I’ve always had one, but yours was too big to allow you to see mine.”

Brian laughed out loud. “I do love you, Sunshine.”

“And never forget that I love you right back.”

“We’re being ridiculously romantic,” Brian chided.

“Just as we should be on our honeymoon.”

“Ready to go to sleep?” Brian asked softly.

“Hm, definitely, as long as I can stay right here snuggled on your chest.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way,” Brian replied as he closed his eyes.



*****



Brian awakened with a start although his sleep swollen eyes hadn’t opened just yet. His brain was going a mile a minute trying to sort out all the sensory input. He felt hot and sweaty. The overpowering odor of dried cum overwhelmed him with memories of the backroom of Babylon. And the pressure in his chest was scaring him.

‘I can’t be having a heart attack,’ he thought to himself, ‘not on my honeymoon.’ He ate right, exercised regularly and his recent intensive physical came back declaring him healthy as a horse. He remained cancer free and with the cardiac constitution of a man half his age. So what was the heavy pressure in his chest?

Bravely, Brian cracked open one eye then let out a breath. The pressure wasn’t in his chest, it was on his chest. Justin had fallen asleep just where he had collapsed after their last round. And if that uncomfortable sensation was any indication, they were glued together. Brian smiled and rolled his eyes at the lesbianic situation. They were on their honeymoon and just where they were supposed to be, glued together and smelling like sex. Brian kissed the top of the sweat-stinky blond head.

Brian carefully stretched the kinks out of his body so as not to dislodge the man fast asleep on him. He gave Justin’s well fucked rump a pat as he turned his head to check the clock.

“SHIT!” Brian sat up, tumbling Justin off. “Justin! Justin!” Brian shook his still comatose spouse. “I think I just lost a few layers of skin,” he grumbled to himself.

“Five more minutes, Dad,” Justin mumbled.

“Now, Justin,” Brian growled, ignoring the ‘dad’ part and shaking Justin vigorously.

“Wh-what?”

“If we’re not out here within the hour we’re going to miss our flight!” Brian shouted as he jumped out of bed heading for the bathroom.

“WHAT?!” Justin looked around the room, then at the clock then scrambled to get out of the bed. He was tangled and wound up in the sheet. It refused to release his feet and he pitched backwards hitting the floor with his ass landing with a thud. “Shit, I thought you arranged for a wake up call!” he said as he stumbled into the bathroom rubbing his offended ass.

“I thought you did,” Brian groused as he finished brushing his teeth then turned on the shower.

“How the hell could I have arranged a wake up call when I don’t know where or when we’re going!” Justin shouted back.

“Fuck!” Brian cursed then made room for Justin who was in no mood to play nice.

They quickly showered, dried off then ran back into the room to dress. Fortunately, knowing they were only staying the one night, all they had to do was put on clothes for traveling and throw their toiletries back into their bags. Brian fumbled for his cell phone.

“Max!” Brian called his driver.

“Hey, Mr. Brian. Are you two ready? If we don’t leave now, you might not make it.”

“Yeah, I know. We overslept. Grab us some coffee, we’ll be right down.”

“Not to worry, I got it covered.”

Brian snapped his cell shut then picked up the house phone. “This is Brian Kinney. We’re checking out; put it all on my tab. Thanks. Let’s shake a tail, Sunshine.”

“Tail, yeah,” Justin murmured as he fumbled with his sneakers.

Brian made one last look around the room. He put on his jacket, checking his pocket for their tickets. He made a grab for their bags as Justin shoved his wallet in his pocket and threw on his hoodie.

“Let’s go, Sunshine, we have places to be, planes to catch!”

“I’m coming!”

“Yeah, you did,” Brian said smugly, taking a minute to kiss his annoyed Sunshine. Justin responded, returning the kiss. At that moment, it didn’t matter if they were late; they had each other, all the rest was gravy.

Brian shoved Justin out the door as he shouldered their bags. Justin sprinted to the elevators pushing the lobby button.

As their driver loaded their bags in the trunk, the boys made themselves comfortable in the back of the limo.

“Are you going to tell me now where we’re going?” Justin said as he took a sip of the precious caffeine laden elixir that the driver had handed him.

“Nope, you’ll know soon enough. To the airport, Max, and step on it!” Brian called into the intercom.

“Right away, Mr. Brian!” Max cheerfully replied.

“It’s all downhill from here, Sunshine!” Brian said smugly as he settled back, sipping the hot brew and mentally preparing for two weeks of fun in the sun with his Sunshine.



*****



“Fuck!” Brian exclaimed as their vehicle stopped short. The force made Brian spill coffee onto his pants. The hot liquid felt like it was burning his skin but fortunately it missed anything vital.

“Sorry about that. Some idiot ran a light,” Max explained. “Are you guys okay back there?”

“Yeah,” Justin quickly answered as he found a bottle of water in the mini bar. He soaked a towel then began to gently clean off Brian’s jeans. The water cooled down the burning sensation but left a big damp spot on the jeans.

“Now I looked like a peed myself,” Brian grumbled.

“It was that or a second degree burn,” Justin countered.

“I know,” Brian said with resignation. He let Justin tend to his leg.

“Maybe we’ll have time for you to change before our flight,” Justin said to ease Brian’s anger.

“I don’t think so,” Brian said as he grabbed Justin’s wrist to check the time then peered out the tinted windows. They were in traffic.

“What’s going on?” Brian risked asking Max.

“That guy who ran the light hit a pole. We’ll be okay if I can get to the corner,” Max said. Brian and Justin could hear the strain in the driver’s voice.

“Should we call 911?” Justin asked, ever the good citizen. Before Brian could answer, they heard the sound of sirens getting closer. The boys heaved a sigh of relief as their car inched closer to the corner of the street.

“We’ll make it,” Max said confidently.

“Bri, roll down your window a little. It might help to dry out your pants,” Justin suggested. And cool your temper, Justin thought to himself.

Brian hit the button; the window came down a couple of inches. Although it was May, mornings were still cool. The last thing Brian wanted was for Justin to catch a cold. Brian had made sure he packed all of Justin’s allergy medications just in case. A few minutes later, the airport was in sight. The boys began to breathe easier as did their driver.

“We made it,” Max said more to himself than anyone else. Brian and Justin waited on the pavement as Max unloaded their bags. Giving Brian an apologetic look as he glanced at the drying stain on Brian’s thigh, Max handed Brian the bags.

“Have a good trip, Mr. Kinney.”

“I hope so,” Brian mumbled as he shouldered the bags then led Justin into the terminal.



*****



After racing through the terminal and security Brian and Justin arrived at their gate with fifteen minutes before the flight was scheduled to leave. The waiting room was full of people. Brian slid to a halt behind a man at the desk.

“Why aren’t all these people on the plane?” Brian asked glancing at his watch. “They should have boarded.”

The man in front of them stepped away from the desk, and Brian approached the rather frazzled looking girl behind the desk. Brian shoved his passport and tickets at the girl.

“Is the flight delayed?” Brian asked as the girl checked the boarding passes.

“Yes, sir, there’s a mechanical problem. We’re working on it.”

“How long?”

“I really have no idea,” the woman sighed. “We’ll keep you posted as things transpire.”

“I just bet you will,” Brian said sarcastically as she handed him his boarding passes.

“Brian…” Justin said tugging on Brian’s arm. He didn’t want a scene. “There’s some seats over there.”

Brian allowed himself to be led to the two seats behind the check-in desk. From there they couldn’t see anything that was going on. That was probably just as well as far as Justin was concerned.

“Fuck!” Brian reacted as he slumped into the seat. “How can the plane be late after all that rushing?”

“Be thankful that it is or we might have missed it,” Justin informed him.

“Maybe we should call Bree and check that she’s okay … since we have all this time to waste.”

“Sure, you do that,” Justin agreed. It would keep Brian busy for a few minutes anyway.

Brian pulled out his cell and called Edna’s Treasures. He got John who said they were having a leisurely breakfast. He put Bree on the line.

“Dada, where are you?” the little voice asked.

“At the airport.”

“Unca John said you would already be gone,” Bree replied with a sorrowful note to her voice.

“The plane is delayed. We’re still here.”

“Can I come and see you,” Bree pleaded.

“We’ll be leaving soon, Squirt. I hope,” he added as there didn’t seem to be any sign of them allowing passengers to board. “I don’t think you could get here in time.”

“Oh,” Bree said sadly.

“Daddy wants to say hi,” Brian said, quickly handing the phone to Justin. He didn’t like to hear his sad princess.

Justin glared at Brian but took the phone. “Hi, sweetheart, I love you.”

“Love you too, Daddy. Can I come see you?”

“We’ll be back before you know it,” Justin assured her.

“But two weeks is forever,” Bree sighed.

“It’ll be over before you know it.”

“Okay,” Bree conceded. It didn’t sound like they wanted to see her. “Bye, Daddy.”

“Bye, sweetheart.” Justin cut the connection. “Thanks for stirring up that kettle of fish. You made our daughter sad.”

“I … I didn’t mean to. I just wanted to hear her voice.”

“I hope she isn’t too grumpy with John and Bobby.”

“This fucking honeymoon is getting off to a great start,” Brian griped as he stood up to look around the check-in desk at the sign to see if the time of departure had been posted. No such luck.

“Sit down,” Justin ordered. “I don’t need you pouting too.”

“I don’t pout.”

Justin snorted. “And by the way, our honeymoon got off to a great start last night, and don’t you forget it.”

“Yes, sir,” Brian saluted. “It was damn spectacular.” The grin on Brian’s face caused Justin to smile.

“Hold that thought while we wait to take off,” Justin ordered. He hoped the delay wasn’t too long. He didn’t want a grumpy Brian Kinney to spend two weeks with.

Chapter 2 by SabinaThymeSunshine

It's All Down Hill From Here

Chapter 2




Two hours later the boys finally boarded, and were very grateful for Brian’s VIP status with Liberty Air. Apparently someone had screwed up their reservations putting them in tourist, which wouldn’t have been a total disaster except for the fact that they wouldn’t have been sitting together. Brian growled, snarled then pulled out his cell phone to call the CEO of Liberty Air on his private line. The snafu was immediately corrected. Not only were they seated in first class but as soon as the plane had leveled off the boys were served a champagne breakfast. Stomachs sated, the boys reclined their seats, settled back then slept their way to Hawaii.

“Wow, this is amazing!” Justin exclaimed as he looked around like a fascinated child at The Magic Kingdom, swinging his head around fast so as not to miss a thing. Someone in a grass skirt placed several colorful leis around his neck.





“Justin, we haven’t even left the airport yet,” Brian snarked. Fortunately, their bags had made it to Hawaii with them so while Justin played tourist, Brian retrieved their bags.

Ignoring the snark, Justin walked over to a man who was holding up a large card with ‘Kinney-Taylor’ written on it in big black letters. “I’m Justin Taylor,” Justin said with a smile.

“Henry. I’ll be your driver and at your disposal for your time here,” Henry cheerfully explained.

“Wow!” Justin said again with childlike wonder.

“Brian Kinney,” Brian announced as he walked up to them. “You must be...”

“Henry, sir,” Henry confirmed as he took out his ID to show Brian. Brian nodded with approval as he turned over their bags to the man who was going to be their new best friend for the next two weeks. Brian had no intention of fumbling with maps on his honeymoon so he arranged to have a private chauffeur for the duration.

“Well, Henry, your assignment for today is to get us to our accommodations then amscray. My plan is for a long, hot soak with one hot blond, and then dinner and drinks. We won’t need you until some time tomorrow,” Brian drawled as he waggled his eyebrows at said hot blond. The hot blond blushed as he rolled his eyes.

“Very good, sir,” Henry said unfazed, as he loaded their bags into the trunk of the limo while the boys got in.

“Bri, you will let me out of our room once in a while, won’t you?” Justin said with a grin. He did want to do some sightseeing, but the thought of spending two whole weeks alone with Brian was just about as appealing, if not more appealing, than any sights this tropical paradise could offer.

“Maybe,” Brian said smugly as he put on his sunglasses then leaned back against the cool leather seat of the Mercedes.

The boys relaxed as Henry drove them to their home for the next two weeks.



*****



“Wow!” Justin exclaimed as he wandered through the main building of the estate that would be their home base for the next two weeks. He scurried throughout the rooms in awe, exploring every nook and cranny.

Brian got the lowdown about the place from the housekeeper, Angelica, then he discreetly asked her to make herself scarce. After explaining that she could be easily reached in one of the outer buildings by pressing 3 on the phone, she explained that the refrigerator was fully stocked and she had prepared some salads and cold salmon for them if they were hungry. All that done, she quickly left for her quarters, understanding that the handsome men wished to be alone.

Brian stood back with a smile on his face as he watched Justin.“Brian, look at the view from here!” Justin said as he threw open the lanai doors and walked outside.Paul Mitchell Estate -




“Yeah,” Brian murmured as he leaned against a wall to take in the view.

“Bri, the view?” Justin turned wondering why his spouse wasn’t at his side and as impressed as he was.

“I think the view is beautiful,” Brian whispered.

“But you’re still inside,” Justin observed as he walked back toward his mate. Brian opened his arms for Justin to fill them.

“I’ve got the best view in the house,” Brian murmured against Justin’s lips. Brian deepened their kiss as he walked Justin backwards heading for one of the bedrooms, shedding clothing as they went.

“The very best view,” Brian repeated as they made love for the rest of the day.



*****



Justin awoke with a groan. Bright sunlight poured in through the patio doors on one wall of their bedroom. They hadn’t bothered to close the drapes. Forcing an eye open, Justin could see Brian sleeping beside him. A smile curled the corners of Justin’s mouth. If the rest of their “honeymoon” turned out to be for shit, they would have had yesterday, and that day alone would be worth the whole trip.

Justin turned onto his side, propping his head up on his scrunched up pillow. He studied Brian’s sleeping face. His husband was so beautiful, more so as the years had passed. Brian’s face had hardly any wrinkles, just a few around the eyes. Justin liked to think those were laugh lines from Brian being so happy all these years. He studied the pink lips that were slightly open as Brian slept. He had kissed those lips at least a million times, and he hoped to kiss them a million more. They were soft and warm and very tasty. Justin licked his lips and let out a sigh.

“You could kiss me,” Brian said making Justin jump.

“How long have you been awake?”

“Since your x-ray vision started to pierce my sleeping brain.”

Justin laughed. “I never could put one over on you.”

“I beg to differ,” Brian said, finally opening his eyes and looking at Justin. “You tricked me into marrying you, didn’t you?”

“T…Tricked you! Are you crazy? I never tricked you,” Justin sputtered.

“Then I must have tricked you,” Brian grinned as he rolled over on top of his spouse.

“Nobody got tricked. We agreed to get married.”

“I think we both got tricked this time.”

“Well that was different.”

“Was it?” Brian asked as he ran his fingers through the soft blond hair and stared into the deep blue eyes.

“Very. You didn’t sing your cheesy song at this wedding,” Justin said.

“I thought about it, but … that was then and this is now.”

“I liked what you said. It was about time,” Justin added with a soft smile.

Brian nodded. “I think I did a pretty commendable job.”

Justin stared into Brian’s eyes. “Did you mean it – always have and always will?”

“Isn’t twenty years enough to prove that I love you?”

“Twenty years is not always. I expect forever.”

“Then you’re going to have to put up with me for a few more years. I plan to be here for forever.”

“Good,” Justin said emphatically, raising his head to kiss Brian’s soft lips that he loved so much. “What about what I said?”

“It was the same thing you said the first time we got married.”

“You remembered?” Justin asked with a warm smile.

“Of course, I did. You think I’d ever forget the words of the only person I ever suckered into marrying me?”

“Suckered!” Justin gasped. “You are such an asshole!”

“That’s what they all tell me,” Brian agreed sticking his tongue in his cheek.

Justin kissed his cheek, knowing that Brian was teasing. “I do love you, you know, you big Smoosh.”

“Capital ‘S’?” Justin nodded. “I kind of figured that out after last night.”

“Last night was only part of it. My ass will never be the same after a whole day of fucking.”

“Trans-Pacific flights tend to make me horny.”

Justin chuckled. “Anything makes you horny. And when have you ever been across the Pacific before?”

“I haven’t.”

“Then how…”

“Our flight made me horny, so I’m extrapolating.”

“I’ll extrapolate you!” Justin laughed, smacking Brian’s ass.

“Ow!”

“Feed me, damn you!” Justin ordered. “I’m starving.”

“Yes, sir,” Brian agreed. “Should I notify Angelica or do you want me to cook?” Brian asked.

“Call Angelica. I need masses of food, after the workout you’ve put me through. I so need a shower. She can cook while we get presentable.”

“You don’t think she’d like us like this?” Brian asked throwing off the sheet that covered their nakedness.

“Maybe too much. She’s one big lady.”

“Probably means she’s a great cook.”

“I hope so, I’m starved,” Justin said as he wiggled out from under Brian and headed to the shower.

“Young’uns,” Brian scoffed picking up the phone.



*****



About a half hour later Brian and Justin were seated in the kitchen of the estate devouring the bountiful breakfast that Angelica had prepared.

“This French toast is … magnificent,” Justin managed to say between bites.

“Thank you,” Angelica said with a big smile. “It’s my own concoction, kind of like bananas Foster, but with French toast.”

“There must be a million calories in this one piece,” Brian observed as he looked at the tidbit on his fork.

“You deserve it,” Justin told him. “We’ll work it off later.” He waggled his eyebrows in his best Brian Kinney imitation.

“I’m going to hold you to that,” Brian replied as he devoured the succulent piece of food.

Justin smiled fondly at Brian before helping himself to another piece of French toast.

“More coffee?” Angelica asked walking over to the table.

“Please,” Brian said. Justin held up his mug since his mouth was full. Angelica filled both their mugs.

“I like to see people enjoy their food. You make me feel proud,” she told Justin.

“What about me?” Brian demanded. “I ate two whole pieces of French toast.”

Angelica snorted. “That’s nothing. This fella has packed it away like a good eater should.”

Brian was about to say that if Justin kept eating like this he would look like Angelica by the time they left the island, but he thought better of being so tactless. Angelica would be cooking for them for the two weeks. He didn’t need to anger her and have to worry about what she was putting in his food.

“Thanks, Angelica,” Justin said as he wiped his mouth. “I don’t think I could eat one more bite. I’m so stuffed.” He gave a loud belch. “Oops, sorry.” Justin blushed mightily.

“No problem,” Angelica chuckled. She replaced the coffee pot in the coffee maker. “I’ll take that as a compliment that you enjoyed my cooking.” She looked pointedly at Brian.

“I enjoyed the breakfast you made,” Brian said dutifully. “Pardon me if I don’t belch like this one.” He ruffled Justin’s hair affectionately.

Angelica smiled. Even if the tall one didn’t eat much, she could see that the two men loved each other a lot. It was written all over their faces, and in every move they made. “What have you planned for today?” she asked.




“Is the beach out there good for swimming?” Justin asked indicating the beach at the end of the property.Paul Mitchell Estate -

“It’s very good for swimming. Not so great for surfing,” Angelica advised. “Don’t get too far down the beach that way,” she added pointing. “There’s a riptide as you go farther down.”

“We’ll be careful,” Justin said. “Come on, Bri, let’s get our swimsuits on.”

“Swimsuits?” Brian asked arching a brow.

“You did bring one, didn’t you?”

“I thought it would be clothing optional since we have the whole place to ourselves.”

“But…” Justin looked at Angelica.

“I promise not to look,” Angelica said with a big grin.

“I bet,” Brian scoffed.

Angelica merely continued to grin.

“Come on,” Justin ordered. “I want to look around the property and go for a swim. I’ve seen enough of the ceiling in our bedroom.”

Angelica laughed heartily as the two men left the kitchen.



*****



The boys donned their swimsuits, covered by tank tops and shorts. They decided to take the time to explore the estate that Brian had leased for the duration of their vacation, before finding the beach.

Paul Mitchell Estate -

“Wow!” Justin exclaimed as they came across an Olympic sized pool that was part of a man-made grotto complete with tropical foliage and waterfall.Paul Mitchell Estate -


 



“Ya know, for a man whose claim to fame was based on his SAT scores, your vocabulary has taken a downward spiral,” Brian snarked. Brian was just as impressed with the beauty of the estate but refused to say, ‘Wow.’

“And you’re a snob,” Justin teased. “I don’t have to use five dollar words to describe how impressed I am when a 50-cent word will work just fine,” he explained as they walked toward the side of the pool where the sound of the falling water was soothing and exciting all at the same time.

Both men stood still for the moment, taking in the beautifully placid sight. Neither spoke as they took in every detail. Turning toward each other, the lovers gazed in each other’s eyes then laughed at their matching lustful expressions.

“Later,” they both said with a laugh as Brian reached out his hand for Justin.

“Come on, big guy, let’s go find the beach,” Justin said as he placed his hand in Brian’s. They strolled toward the sound of gentle waves lapping against the shore.



*****



“Put your hat on and where’s your sunscreen,” Brian stated like an overly protective parent, which he was but would never admit.

“We’ve been out here for all of ten minutes,” Justin griped. For once he wanted to be able to walk on a beach without having someone make any remarks about his pale skin, including his spouse.

“I have no wish to fuck a French fry for the rest of our trip,” Brian grumbled. He knew Justin resented being reminded about applying sunscreen however Brian felt compelled. “An in-pain French fry,” he added.

“Just because some of us go around with a perpetual suntan doesn’t give you the right to complain about others who don’t,” Justin snapped back.

“I’m not complaining; on the contrary, I happen to like your complexion. And as such I want to protect it,” Brian stated as he pulled the hat out of Justin’s back pocket then plopped it on the top of the blond head. Justin grumbled but he righted the hat and kept it there.

“If it’ll make you happy,” Justin said with resignation.

“Ecstatic,” Brian snarked, dropping the subject...for now.

They walked down the beach for about half an hour before deciding it was time to go back to the estate.

“Brian, I don’t feel so good,” Justin whispered as he leaned up against the taller man.

“Shit,” Brian murmured as he put his arms around the younger man to steady him. Brian could feel the heat radiating off of Justin’s skin which was decidedly a deep shade of pink in spite of all the sunscreen. “We need to get you back inside,” Brian said. With Brian’s support Justin made it back to the estate.

“Angelica!” Brian called out as he gently laid Justin down on one of the chaises on the patio. The patio was shaded and there was a gentle breeze to help cool Justin down. Angelica came running, took one look at Justin then scurried off to get a cool towel and a pitcher of lemonade from the kitchen.

“Should I call for a doctor?” Brian asked as he hovered close.

“No, he’ll be all right. He just overdid it. This happens a lot,” Angelica reassured Brian. “We’ll replace his fluids and cool him down slowly. He’ll be fine in an hour,” she said as she put a cool cloth on Justin’s forehead.

“But what if he isn’t. Maybe I should call an ambulance.” Brian felt helpless. This was supposed to have been fun for Justin, not something to make him sick.

“Bri,” Justin murmured as he moved his hand trying to reach it out. Brian squatted down and took Justin’s hand in his. “I’m fine,” he said as he attempted to sit up. “I think I’m thirsty.”

Angelica handed Brian a glass of lemonade.

“Small sips, Sunshine,” Brian instructed as he held the glass to Justin’s lips. Justin took a few small sips of the cool liquid. “I think we should go home,” Brian grumbled.

“And I think you should stop worrying. I’m fine.”

“But it was my fault that...”

“It was no one’s fault. It could have just as easily been you. All I need is to sit here with my partner, enjoy the view and then later have dinner. Maybe go dancing. I’m sure you’ve researched where we can go dancing. You remember dancing, don’t you, Bri? You made some of your best moves on the dance floor.”

“I think the sun addled your brain, Sunshine. It was you who had the moves. I just hung on for the ride.”

“Then take me dancing tonight and you can hang onto me some more.”

“Justin, I don’t think...”

“Please, Bri. It’s our second honeymoon. I want to go dancing.”

“All right. Whatever you want, just promise me you’ll take it easy for the rest of the day.”

“I promise,” Justin said as he finished his glass of lemonade. Then he slipped off to sleep.

“He will be fine, sir,” Angelica repeated, trying to calm the older man. Brian nodded as he felt Justin’s skin in various places. His skin still felt too hot for Brian’s liking.

“He’s going to be in pain,” Brian murmured.

“We have plenty of aloe; it will help.” Brian nodded, still unconvinced. As Angelica turned to go back inside, Brian thanked her. She smiled at him, thinking how sweet the taller man was. She knew he must be a powerful man to be able to lease the estate and make all their arrangements, but Angelica realized Brian was also a very kind and caring man.

She sighed. Too bad the nice man was gay, Angelica had a daughter.

Brian stared at Justin sleeping peacefully on the chaise then he pulled out his cell phone, first checking the time. “Nick? It’s Brian, yeah, Hawaii. Nick, I need a favor...”



*****



“Bri?” Justin called out. He woke up feeling a little dizzy but much better than he did when he was on the beach.

“Hey Sunshine, welcome back to earth,” Brian cheerfully greeted the younger man. He walked to where Justin was standing by the lanai doors.

“Brian, are you having an orgy without me?” Justin asked with just a touch of suspicion in his voice. Brian was dressed in clubbing clothes, looking way too good for Justin’s comfort at the moment. And there seemed to be two very handsome strangers sipping wine and nibbling on very yummy looking canapés in their living room.

“Never. When I married you I vowed to love, honor and orgy exclusively with you,” Brian teased.

“Oh, okay. Do you want to introduce me to your friends?” Justin asked sweetly but with an edge that Brian could hear.

“Certainly, Sunshine. This is Paul; he happens to be an old friend of Nick’s. They went to med school together. And this is his partner, Martin,” Brian made the introductions. Justin’s polite upbringing kicked in and he shook hands with both men.

“Are you a doctor too?” Justin asked Martin.

“Hell no! One conceited medical man in the family is enough,” Martin responded with a smile.

“Like your ego isn’t big enough, honey,” Paul said as he bussed his partner’s head. “He’s a DJ.”

“A very successful DJ I might add,” Martin stated emphatically with a smirk.

“I was speaking with Nick not that long ago. He mentioned a couple of his friends were heading to our island. I thought you might like to go to the hottest night club in Hawaii at least once while you’re here,” Paul said nonchalantly. “You two aren’t too difficult to track down.”

“An excellent idea, isn’t it, Sunshine,” Brian said with a bright smile.

“Uh huh,” Justin replied. He had a feeling that there was more to it, but he did want to go dancing, and going with another gay couple would ensure that they would be going to the right clubs. He grabbed a couple of canapés to pop in his mouth. Justin realized he was hungry.

“Do I have time for a shower?” Justin asked.

“Of course, we’re in no rush. And I believe Angelica wants to impress us with more of her cooking. Besides, you know I never get to the club before eleven,” Brian said trying to look innocent.

He was doing a lousy job.

“Okay. Please excuse me,” Justin said politely as he turned to go to the bedroom. Brian handed Justin a small plate with a few treats to take with him.

“Can’t have you wasting away, can I, Sunshine?” Justin narrowed his eyes at his spouse for a brief moment then smiled sweetly at their guests before he left the room.

Brian collapsed onto a nearby chair when he heard the bedroom door close.

“Brian, he’s fine,” Paul assured the older man.

“I’ve seen hundreds of overheated people; Justin’s all right,” Martin added.

“And what makes you an expert?” Brian growled.

“Martin, isn’t just a DJ; he’s also a medic. That’s his fulltime job,” Paul explained. Then Martin squatted down in front of Brian who was trying not to work himself into a state of worry.

“Brian, I patrol the beaches. I’ve seen heat stroke and heat exhaustion. You got Justin out of the sun before any of that happened. He was cooled down and fluids replaced then he rested. He’s young and strong,” Martin stated.

“But...”

“Nick filled me in on a little of the history. Going dancing with you is the best medicine,” Paul assured Brian. “We’ll keep an eye on him.”

“Did I miss dinner?” Justin asked after awhile, as he came back into the room. He had showered and dressed to knock them dead.

“No, but I may just have to eat you,” Brian replied giving his spouse a lascivious grin before taking Justin into his arms and planting a kiss.

“Bri, we have guests,” Justin said but without pushing his enthusiastic spouse away.

“You know how much I love sex in public,” Brian murmured against Justin’s lips.

Brian reluctantly ended the kiss. The four men went to the dining area for Angelica’s feast before going out for the night.

Chapter 3 by SabinaThymeSunshine

It's All Down Hill From Here

Chapter 3






Henry drove the four men to the hottest gay club in the islands. It was called Squeeze which tickled Justin’s fancy. He giggled all the way into the club.

Whenever Brian touched his arm or his shoulder or the back of his neck, he’d let out a little yelp of pain. Those were all the parts not covered by the tank top he had been wearing on the beach. As soon as the sun had gone down, the sunburn had started to come out. Angelica’s aloe had helped a lot but there was still tenderness when touched. Angelica had assured the two men that in a couple of days the pain would be gone, but Justin would most likely peel.

Once inside the club, they headed for the bar to get a drink and scope out the place. Walking over to the bar, there were lots of interested glances from men dancing and also those just standing around looking for a likely prospect to latch onto. Two new good looking men always caused a sensation at the club, even if they were a bit older. They both looked very good.

“Does this place have a backroom?” Brian asked nonchalantly as he leaned on the bar waiting for the bartender to fill their drink order.

Justin choked on his drink, coughing and sputtering when he heard Brian’s question. “Hey!” he managed to yelp.

“I’m just asking,” Brian replied sticking his tongue in his cheek.

“Yes, there is a backroom,” Martin replied, “but I didn’t think you’d be using it.”

Justin jumped in. “Neither did I, but I guess this sunburn…” He looked crestfallen. He had ruined their honeymoon by being so cavalier about the sun. Brian obviously was afraid to touch him, so there would be no sex until he recovered from his burn.

“Sunshine, I was just asking about a backroom. You know, getting my bearings. I didn’t mean that I was going to use it.”

Justin’s smile lit up the dim club with a warm glow.

“Wow, I see why you call him Sunshine,” Paul observed. He used his hand to shield his eyes from Justin’s smile.

“Yeah,” Brian chuckled. “He has all these things that he does to keep me on a short leash. That’s just one of the more obvious ones.”

Justin looked up at Brian with his deep blue eyes. A smile played at the corner of his lips. He batted his eyelashes suggestively.

“There’s number two,” Brian laughed. “Care to dance, Sunshine, or will that make your clothes rub against the sore bits.”

“Come on, you big smoosh,” Justin said taking Brian’s hand and leading him onto the dance floor. “Just don’t hang all over me the way you usually do. I don’t think I could stand the pressure.”

“Fuck, I don’t know how to dance any other way,” Brian joked.

“You are so full of shit,” Justin laughed.

Brian raised an eyebrow and started his gyrations with Justin joining him. It wasn’t long before several men had stopped dancing and were standing around watching them. Without touching his partner, Brian emanated sex. He had one leg around Justin’s legs so he could get close and cause their cocks to bump together. That didn’t hurt Justin but it had the desired effect on his partner. Justin was flushed and loving every moment.

When the song ended, Brian leaned over and whispered something in Justin’s ear. Justin smiled and nodded. All the men who had been watching assumed they were heading for the backroom, and many of them made a beeline for the backroom to find a good spot to watch. Much to their chagrin Brian and Justin headed for the bar where they were quickly joined by Paul and Martin.

“You two sure know how to put on a show,” Martin told them.

“So we’ve been told,” Brian smirked.

“And that was without me being at a hundred percent,” Justin laughed as he sipped a new drink.

“Take it easy on the alcohol, Justin,” Paul advised. “After a sunburn like you’ve had, you don’t want to overdo it.”

Justin nodded in agreement and set the rest of his drink on the bar. “How about a couple more dances, Brian?” Justin asked. “And then I think I’ll be ready to call it a night.”

Brian nodded as he followed Justin onto the dance floor. They did their thing for a few more dances, before saying goodnight to Paul and Martin. They talked about meeting up again to see some of the sites in Hawaii. They decided to talk on the phone in a couple of days when Justin was feeling better.

As they left the club, Henry pulled up with the Mercedes. Brian had called him on his cell. They told Henry to take them home, then sat back to enjoy the ride.

“That was fun,” Justin said. “I’m glad we went.”

“You didn’t overdo it, did you?”

“I’m fine, Brian. Just a little tender.”

“You were always tender, my little, tender morsel,” Brian said kissing Justin’s cheek gently.

Justin laughed at Brian’s endearments. Maybe having a sunburn wasn’t so bad if it brought out this side of Brian. “We should call Bree tomorrow,” Justin said deciding to change the subject.

Brian groaned. “I’m better off when I don’t think about her. She’ll want us to come home, you know.”

“That may be true, but we should still call. She’ll be missing us.”

“Not as much as I miss her.”

Justin smiled affectionately at his husband. “That’s one of the reasons I love you so much,” he said. “You love our family as much as I do.”

“More,” Brian declared.

“Um, maybe we should put thoughts of Bree away for tonight.”

“You’re the one who brought them up.”

“I know, but I think I’ve made the situation maudlin, and I did have such a good time tonight. Everybody at the club saw that we still have it, you know,” Justin added with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

“Was there ever any doubt. I guess I’m not an over-the-hill club boy … yet.”

“You’ll never be over the hill.”

Brian chuckled. “It was fun to see the reaction to our first dance. I think the backroom was full after we got through.”

“We should go back when my sunburn’s better. We could really put on a show.”

“That sounds like a plan,” Brian said with a wink. “Do you think you’ll be up to a little practice when we get back to the estate?” Brian asked.

“What kind of practice did you have in mind?”

“The horizontal kind.”

“Um, sure,” Justin said, although he didn’t sound very sure of that. He was thinking of the pressure on his arms and neck whatever position they used. There were too many fried areas on his body to make sex comfortable.

“We don’t have to,” Brian said, quickly noting Justin’s reaction.

“I’m sure we can figure something out,” Justin said with a weak smile. “This is our honeymoon.”

Brian shrugged. He wasn’t going to push it.

Henry dropped them off at the front door of the estate, saying that he was only a phone call away. He was at their service for the full two weeks.

Brian and Justin grabbed some water from the kitchen and headed to their bedroom.

“I’m going to take a shower,” Brian said. “I smell like Squeeze.”

Justin chuckled. “I’ll join you.”

“You’ll wash off all of Angelica’s aloe,” Brian warned.

“We have more,” Justin reminded him holding up the jar that Angelica had given them. “You can slather it all over my body.”

“Hm,” Brian said, but he headed for the shower.

Justin joined him after a minute. Brian had the water cool knowing that would feel better to Justin than any heat. They let the water pour over them for a couple of minutes.

Justin reached for Brian’s cock, tugging on it, and feeling it respond to his touch.

“Don’t start something you can’t finish,” Brian warned.

“I can finish it,” Justin said.

Brian gently shoved Justin against the cool tiles of the shower. He pressed his lips against Justin’s probing to get him to open his mouth. Justin responded sticking his tongue down Brian’s throat. Brian’s hand came up to the back of Justin’s neck forcing their mouths closer together.

“Ow,” Justin gasped as Brian’s fingers pressed the tender flesh on the back of his neck.

“Fuck,” Brian said letting Justin go. “I knew this was a bad idea.” He shut off the shower and got out. He tossed a towel to Justin, quickly dried off and walked to their bed. “Maybe I should sleep in another room. That way you’ll be more comfortable and I won’t touch you by accident.”

“Brian…” Justin said. “I’m sorry. It’s just that the back of my neck is one of the worst spots.”

“I know. I just forgot.”

“Stay with me, Brian. I don’t want to be alone.”

Brian climbed into bed as did Justin. They lay just a bit apart with nothing touching. They each studied the ceiling of the room.

“This sucks,” Justin said after a few minutes.

“And not in the right kind of way.”

“I bet I could blow you.”

“Not going to happen.”

“If we’re careful,” Justin said as he snaked his hand under the cool sheet and found Brian’s dick. It responded immediately.

“Justin…”

“Sh,” Justin said as he pulled back the sheet and wrapped his mouth around his prize.

He sucked cock as only he knew how. Brian’s moans and groans of pleasure egged him on. Justin turned to get up onto his knees to get better purchase for his ministrations. He immediately cried out in pain having forgotten that the lower parts of his legs below where his shorts ended had also been burnt. He fell back onto his back giving another yelp as the back of his neck hit his pillow.

“I knew this was a bad idea,” Brian said getting out of bed.

“Don’t leave me,” Justin begged. “I need to be covered in aloe.”

“At least I’m good for something,” Brian said sarcastically. “I can be your nursemaid.” He kept moving away from the bed.

“Where are you going?”

“To the bathroom to whack off.”

“Shit!” Justin said. How many years had it been since either of them needed to do that? “Will you cover me in aloe when you come back?” Justin asked pitifully.

“It will be the only pleasure I’ll have this night,” Brian shouted back from the huge bathroom.

Justin let out a long sigh. This was not going the way a honeymoon was supposed to.



*****

 



Brian had stormed out of the bedroom and into the ensuite bathroom, slamming the door behind him. He was hard, painfully hard and his anger did nothing to cool his ardor. Brian gingerly sat on the toilet seat trying to calm down. It wasn’t Justin’s fault that he was in pain and Brian knew it. Brian could have insisted that Justin cover up more, just like he insisted when they went to South America. But Brian didn’t like coming off as the ‘parent’ in their relationship. Brian realized he was being an asshole. A very cruel asshole.

He took a few deep breaths then stood up to splash some water on his face. When he was completely calm, Brian walked back into their room.

“I’m sorry,” Justin whispered pitifully as he lay staring up at the ceiling.

“Shhh,” Brian whispered back as he climbed into bed then carefully kissed Justin’s lips, one of the few places that remained pain free. “Roll over,” Brian purred, taking the jar of aloe off the bedside table.

Carefully, Justin rolled over onto his belly as Brian opened the jar and scooped out a palm-full of the cooling gel. Very gingerly Brian began to lightly massage the gel onto the skin just behind Justin’s neck, using just his fingertips on the very pink painful areas.

“Mmmm,” Justin murmured as the healing effects of the aloe worked its magic. Brian could feel the tension in Justin’s muscles ease away as he massaged Justin’s shoulders. Slowly and methodically, Brian worked his way down Justin’s back, rubbing in extra aloe behind Justin’s knees and calves.

The globes of Justin’s pert ass were creamy white. Brian kissed each cheek then nudged Justin’s knees apart so that he could lay between his legs. He parted the cheeks then laved the tight puckered opening. Brian smiled to himself as he heard Justin gasp with pleasure. After some time of exquisite torture, Brian had Justin turn over onto his back.

On a sexual adrenalin high, Justin felt no pain as he leaned against the cool sheets. His ass tingled from Brian’s ministrations and his dick was hard, jutting upward from the nest of dark blond pubes. Brian nuzzled the thick hair as he inhaled Justin’s musky scent. He took a few licks at Justin’s balls before scooping out more aloe and continuing his massage with the front of Justin’s legs.

“Please, Bri,” Justin begged, and he wasn’t referring to the massage. Brian smirked but didn’t tease his lover. Justin deserved so much better than that. Brian finished applying the aloe before sucking down Justin’s cock.

“Fuck, yeah!” Justin gasped as he fisted the sheets, arching his body upward. Gently holding Justin’s hips, Brian continued to give his spouse the best blow job ever.

“Wanna come,” Justin panted after what seemed like hours of being kept on the edge.

“You will,” Brian murmured taking the aloe jar one more time then carefully straddling Justin’s legs.

Justin’s eyes snapped open as he realized what was happening, his eyes widening as he watched Brian take a little of the gel to lubricate his own hole. Justin felt himself grow harder. Justin licked his lips watching Brian’s head tilt back and his eyes become hooded as Brian fingered himself, preparing to mount Justin’s dick.

“Sh-shit,” Justin stammered mesmerized by Brian. His beauty, his sexiness, his sexual prowess that went unrivaled, the whole sensual package that was Brian Kinney. And it all belonged to him, Justin realized, as Brian raised himself higher then slowly descended onto Justin’s cock.

“Unhhh,” both men groaned as Brian slowly rode Justin, maintaining control. Justin shuddered, shaking as he tried to hold back while Brian took his pleasure. After what seemed like an eternity, Brian sped up.

“Coming,” Justin groaned as he grabbed onto Brian’s thighs. The lovers came within moments of each other. Brian collapsed, controlling himself to fall at Justin’s side.

Resting for a few minutes, allowing his breathing to even out, Brian got up to get a damp cloth. He cleaned himself up then tended to Justin who was just nodding off.

“Love you,” Justin murmured as he snuggled closely to Brian.

“Love you too, Sunshine,” Brian whispered, kissing the sweaty blond forehead. Brian stayed awake for awhile just watching Justin sleep. Then he got up, found a pair of shorts and walked to the kitchen.

“How is Mr. Justin?” Angelica asked Brian who was rummaging through the refrigerator looking for juice.

“Sleeping. Your aloe helped. Thank you.”

“He should feel better in the morning.”

“I hope so. I–I don’t like to see him in pain,” Brian mumbled.

“No one likes seeing a loved one in pain. And you love him deeply, yes?”

“Yes,” Brian admitted as he downed a glass of juice.

“I’ll pick up a stronger sun block for him in the morning.”

“He has a lot of allergies...”

“Not to worry. We have many natural lotions that will help protect his tender skin,” Angelica said with a smile.

“Thank you,” Brian said to the woman as he washed out his glass then left it to dry on the dish rack.

Angelica chuckled. “I could have done that for you.”

“I’m used to washing dishes,” Brian said with a shrug then wished her a good night. Brian sauntered back to his room.

Angelica stood in the kitchen for a minute before turning out the lights then retiring to her own rooms. She contemplated the man who was rich enough to lease the estate for his beloved and yet down to earth enough to wash his own dishes. She smiled then went to bed.



*****



The next morning Brian said he was going to take a swim in the ocean. Justin wanted to go with him, but Brian told him he had to stay out of the sun for that day at least. Justin knew that overnight his sunburn had improved greatly. Although he didn’t like being told what he could and could not do, he knew Brian was probably right. However, he did want to go with Brian.

Angelica appeared in the kitchen with some of her stronger sunblock and more aloe to replenish what Justin had already used.

“Thanks, Angelica, it really seems to be working. I feel much better,” Justin told her.

“But he needs to stay out of the sun today, right?” Brian asked looking pointedly at his husband.

“That would be a good idea,” Angelica agreed.

“He shouldn’t go swimming,” Brian continued.

Angelica shook her head. “I wouldn’t advise it.”

Brian smiled triumphantly while Justin scowled.

“I guess I have to sit inside all day all by myself,” he grumbled.

“Not at all,” Angelica said. You could sit in the shade by the pool.”

“And after my dip in the ocean I’ll swim in the pool and keep you company.”

“Okay,” Justin agreed brightening up a little that he wasn’t going to be locked up in the house all alone.

“Even if you’re in the shade, use the sun block that Henry got this morning,” Angelica advised.

“Henry?” Brian asked.

“Yes, Henry’s my husband, so I sent him out early this morning for the sunblock.”

“You didn’t need to do that.”

“It’s part of our job, keeping the tenants of the estate happy.”

“Well, we really appreciate everything,” Justin told her. Brian nodded in agreement.

“Let me get you some brunch,” Angelica said with a happy smile.



*****



After they had something to eat, Brian headed for the beach while Justin took his sketchpad to the pool area. He pulled a chaise fully under an overhanging tree where he could have a good view of the flowers in the gardens. He thought he’d like to sketch some of them.

Brian tested the water with his toe finding it rather chilly. However, he knew that once he was in the water he’d feel fine. Taking a deep breath he ran into the water plunging into the first wave that came at him. When he surfaced he shook the water out of his hair and swam out a little further.

He started swimming back and forth once he was out past the breakers. The water felt cool and lovely against his body. He wondered if he should try surfing while they were in Hawaii. As he turned around and started back along the beachfront one more time, he noticed that he seemed to be drifting farther and farther in the direction where Angelica had warned them about riptides. Maybe it was time to get out.

Brian turned and started swimming in the opposite direction. He could see the break in the hedge where he had entered the beach, but he didn’t seem to be getting any closer to it. He decided that instead of swimming against the current, he’d head for shallow water, get out and walk back.

As he got closer to the sand of the beach, the waves seemed to be ever larger. They buffeted him about and he went under a couple of times. As one wave retreated, his leg dragged on the coarse volcanic sand under the water. Another wave hit him from behind and knocked him over. It started to drag him back out into deeper water. Brian scrabbled at the sand and managed not to get pulled back too far. Another wave pushed him up further onto the sand which scraped and tore at his body as the water receded. Brian hung on, pushing with his legs to get himself further out of the water. He crawled a little way before the next wave came in. It had pretty well petered out by the time it reached his feet. Brian crawled a little further away from the water then rolled onto his back taking in some gasps of air. It was more a sense of relief that he had made it out of the water, than the fact that he was really hurt.

After a couple of minutes, Brian got to his feet albeit shakily. He started walking toward the break in the hedge on legs that were scraped and bruised.

“Justin,” he called as he neared the opening. “I need you.” And he really did.

Chapter 4 by SabinaThymeSunshine

It's All Down Hill From Here

Chapter 4







“Justin!” Brian called again.

“Brian, what’s wrong?” Justin called back as he emerged through the break in the hedge.

“Help.”

“Oh my God! What happened?” Justin gasped. He could see that Brian was moving slowly, limping badly. Justin ran to Brian’s side. He put his arm around Brian’s back and let the taller man lean on him. Together they hobbled into the yard. “What happened?” Justin asked again as he eased Brian into the chaise where he had been sitting before Brian called to him.

“Currents,” Brian said before he groaned.

“I’m getting Angelica,” Justin said. He ran to the kitchen when Brian didn’t even put up a protest.

In less than a minute Angelica appeared with Justin close behind her carrying a first aid kit.

“You go too far down the beach, didn’t you?” Angelica said knowingly as she got her girth lowered onto her knees to get a better look at Brian’s injuries. “Are you hurt anywhere else other then your legs?’

“I don’t think so, but I’m sore all over.”

“Those waves can really bounce you around.” Angelica carefully lifted and looked at each of Brian’s legs. “I think you’re mostly scraped and bruised. There’s a couple of spots that are bleeding a bit, so we’ll put bandaids on them.”

Brian nodded. “My hands,” he said as an afterthought. He held out one hand palm up for Angelica to look at it.

“You took a couple layers of skin off that too, but it’s not bleeding.”

“Hurts,” Brian said.

“Justin, would you get some ice packs from the freezer. I think that will make Brian’s hands feel better.”

Justin hurried into the house while Angelica cracked open the first aid kit. She applied some disinfectant to the open wounds and wiped off everything else that seemed to have been scraped. She applied three bandaids to the worst spots.

“Here’s the gel packs,” Justin said as he returned.

Brian took one and wrapped the towel around it that Justin handed him. He held it between the palms of his hands. The cold felt really good on his bruised and scraped hands which had felt like they were on fire.

“I didn’t think sand could hurt so much,” Brian said after a minute.

“It’s volcanic sand, little pieces of rock, so it can do a number on your skin,” Angelica told them.

“You got that right,” Brian agreed.

“Put an ice pack on the most painful place on each leg. I think you’re going to be fine, just a little sore for a couple days.” Angelica hoisted herself back onto her feet. “I’m going to bring you some lemonade and a snack. Just stay put and rest,” she ordered.

“Yes, Ma’am,” Brian agreed. He didn’t have the energy to complain.

Angelica went into the kitchen while Justin hauled another chaise over beside Brian’s. He made sure they were both in the shade then sat down beside his husband.

“We look like we’ve been through a war,” Brian said after a couple of minutes.

Justin chuckled. “We should have bought travel insurance the way this trip is going.”

“Wasn’t this supposed to be fun?” Brian asked with a frown.

“I’ve had some fun,” Justin replied with a waggle of his eyebrows.

“We could have had that fun in our bed at home,” Brian griped.

“We met Paul and Martin and had fun at Squeeze,” Justin reminded him. “God, I love the name of that club.

“Maybe we should rename Babylon.”

“Naw, I think Squeeze belongs here with orange juice and fresh fruit.”

“Lots of fruits,” Brian said sticking his tongue in his cheek.

Justin laughed. He was glad that Brian seemed to be recovering his sense of humor. “Let’s take it really easy for a couple of days, Brian. When we’re back to normal, maybe we can do some sightseeing.”

“When are we ever normal?”

Justin laughed. “Not often. But we really should be careful for a couple of days.”

“I thought that’s what we were doing today, and look at me.” Brian indicated all his scrapes.

“Well, you could have swum in the pool. There are no currents in it.”

“Wanna bet?”

Justin chuckled. “Your injuries have made you grumpy.”

“Can’t help it.”

“Here’s some lemonade,” Angelica said as she carried a tray with the drinks and some cheese and crackers out to the table by the pool.

“Thanks, Angelica,” Brian said. “And thanks for patching me up.”

“Not a problem.”

“Do you have any brochures about interesting things to do here in Hawaii?” Justin asked her. “Things that aren’t dangerous, that is.”

Angelica laughed. “We keep a supply of suggested activities in a folder in the front hall. I’ll bring it out to you.” She went back in the house.

Justin handed Brian a glass of the lemonade, which Brian quickly downed. He hadn’t realized how thirsty he was. Justin refilled Brian’s glass from the pitcher that was on the tray.

Brian drank some more lemonade. Then he licked his lips. “That really hit the spot.”

“So I see,” Justin smiled.

“Do you think it’s safe for us to go somewhere else on the island?” Brian asked as he leaned his head against the back of the chaise.

“So far all our problems have been here. We were fine at the club.”

“True,” Brian said as he finished his second glass of lemonade. “I think I’ll just close my eyes for a couple of minutes.”

Justin watched as Brian’s eyelids slowly drooped and his breathing steadied out almost immediately. Justin got up and took the glass from Brian’s hands. He made sure Brian’s palms were covered with the ice packs and he lined up the packs on Brian’s legs. With that done, he picked up his sketchbook and sat back down. He turned in the chaise so he could look at his favorite model. Even battered and bruised, Brian Kinney was still beautiful. His hand moved effortlessly across the page.



*****



It was the part of the day that John liked the most. The family had eaten, homework was done and checked and the cottage was quiet. Each member of the family was enjoying their own quiet pursuits. John was in his attic office putting the finishing touches on his thesis. He had an appointment with his adviser in a couple of days and depending on what was decided, John would be defending his thesis soon after. The sound of heavy little princess footsteps coming up the staircase caught John’s attention.

“Hi, princess,” John said softly as Bree rounded the top of the spiral staircase, shuffled into the office then climbed up to settle herself onto her uncle’s lap. Large soulful violet blue eyes looked up into familiar hazel eyes.

“What’s wrong, sweetheart?” John asked as he heard the quiet sigh.

“I miss my daddies,” Bree answered then buried her face into John’s chest to cry. John hugged her close and waited until Bree was all cried out.

“We talked about this, didn’t we?” John said. He felt Bree nod. “Let’s pretend that your daddies are away at camp. You went away last year for two weeks, learned a lot and had fun. Your dads are doing the same thing.”

Bree looked up again into her uncle’s eyes. They reminded Bree of her Dada’s eyes. A funny kind of green that sometimes looked like a bright golden green and at other times looked brown. Bree loved her Uncle Bobby a lot but there was something comforting about her Uncle John.

“They love you, princess, and they’ll be home before you know it,” John reassured his niece as he wrapped his arms around the tiny body. “Are you ready for your bath?” Bree nodded. “How about you and Patrick have a little camp out tonight?”

Bree’s eyes grew wide. “What kind of camp out?”

“Why don’t you and Patrick sleep on the brass bed in the porch? It’s going to be a clear night; you’ll be able to see a lot of stars.” Bree gave her uncle a little smile. “And I bet Beau would love to sleep with you too.”

Bree’s smile became wider.

“You go down and get ready for your bath. I’m going to put away my papers and then I’ll be right down to help you.”

“Okay, Unca John,” Bree said, feeling so much better.

“I love you, sweetheart,” John said as he gave her another hug and a kiss.

“I love you too,” Bree said, kissing his cheek.

Bree climbed down from John’s lap then went down the stairs. John quickly put away his thesis then followed Bree down.



*****



Patrick gazed up at the twinkling stars as Bree snuggled closer into his side. While he and Bree took their baths and got ready for bed, his dads pulled back the screen and made up the big brass bed in the sun porch. When the kids got settled, John beckoned for Beau. The big dog hopped up onto the bed and made himself comfortable at the foot. The kids rarely slept out there so John knew they’d feel safer with Beau keeping guard. Beau, a very wise dog, kept vigil. Patrick could hear Bree’s mournful sigh as she cuddled even closer.

“It’s okay,” Patrick whispered. “They’ll be home soon,” he reassured the little girl. He felt her head nod. “Look at the stars. I bet your daddies can see the same stars. We’re all connected.”

“We are?”

“Yup. We are. Pick one and make a wish, your dads will know you’re thinking of them.”

“They will?”

“Yeah, they will.”

“Okay.”

Bree picked the brightest star she could see then closed her eyes to make a wish, yawning as she did. Patrick heard her breathing even out. He slightly turned to see her. Bree had fallen asleep.

Patrick smiled then looked down at Beau. The big dog looked back with his big brown eyes. “She’s okay, Beau.” Beau seemed to understand as he laid his head down. Patrick settled back then joined Bree in sleep.



*****



“How are you feeling?” Justin asked Brian.

They had decided to stay at the estate the next day to recuperate. Brian was still hobbling and feeling very sore. The back of Justin’s neck was still painful to the touch as were his calves. He did get some relief with the aloe so he applied more every few hours.

“Not bad,” Brian replied trying to maintain his tough exterior. Justin knew better.

“Want to take something?” Justin offered. Brian shook his head. “Want to eat something?” Angelica was busy in the kitchen making dinner.

“Not really.” Brian was sulking. Their honeymoon was off to a great start...not. Barely three days into the trip of a lifetime and they were both battered and feeling broken.

“It could be worse,” Justin remarked. Brian glared at him. “I could be in the hospital with sun poisoning and you could have drowned.” Justin glared back. Brian sighed; it indeed, could have been a hell of a lot worse. “I promise to keep covered up if you promise to do your swimming in the pool. And we both do nothing any more adventurous other than walking or taking a bus tour,” Justin added. Brian nodded.

“Feel like eating now?” Justin asked as wonderful mouth-watering aromas wafted from the kitchen.

“Yeah,” Brian murmured as he held his hand out to his mate. Justin stepped closer, taking the proffered hand gently into his own. The boys went to the kitchen.



*****



“That was great, Angelica!” Justin exclaimed as he pushed back from the table, rubbing his sated belly. Brian smirked as he reached over to pat the belly that was bloated from the good meal.

“Watch it, Sunshine, the airline charges more for heavy baggage,” Brian teased. Justin narrowed his eyes but said nothing. Brian must be feeling better if he could now throw out a few snide remarks.

“I’ll work it off,” Justin assured him.

“Speaking of which, do you think it’s safe if we stroll around the grounds. It’s better than just sitting and feeling sorry for ourselves,” Brian admitted.

“Stick to the paths, there are edge lamps along the way,” Angelica advised. “Even the formal garden has a lit path. If you stay on the path, you’ll be fine.”

“I have no intention of taking any chances,” Brian assured the woman. “Walk with me, Sunshine?” Brian stood, extending his hand. Justin responded with a loving smile as he stood. They walked through the lanai doors and onto the path.



*****




“It’s so beautiful out here,” Justin said as they stood near the waterfall at the back of the pool. The path ran alongside of it and into the garden.



“Yes, it is, if you overlook the killer riptide and burning sun,” Brian snarked.

“But the evening is cooler and we’re safe on dry land.”

“Yeah, it is,” Brian said as he drew the younger man into his arms for a kiss. “Much safer,” he murmured against Justin’s lips.

“Mmm, tastier too,” Justin replied as he licked Brian’s lips.

“Let’s walk off that fine meal,” Brian said after a few minutes of making out, patting Justin’s butt. Justin giggled as he slid himself under Brian’s arm while they strolled the path.

“This is amazing! Why didn’t I come out here before? I’d love to paint this,” Justin said as he bent to sniff a tropical flower.

“Hey, no can do, Sonny Boy.” Brian pulled him back before Justin’s nose got closer to the large bloom.

“Why?” Justin asked slightly miffed.

“First of all we have no clue if you’re allergic to that thing and second, what if there’s a big bad bug just waiting for your cute nose to poke into his home. No. You come out here in the daylight with Angelica and let her explain to you all about the flowers and plants before you stick your nose in.”

“Oh, okay,” Justin acquiesced, seeing the logic in Brian’s words. “Can we at least walk through the garden tonight?”

“As long as we stick to the path. I’m not taking any chances,” Brian repeated as he pulled Justin in closer, tucking him under his shoulder.

“Yes, master,” Justin teased but allowed the he-man act. He didn’t want to take any chances either.

When they came to the center of the garden, the boys stopped to look up at the stars. The dim path lights did nothing to diminish the brilliance of the stars. Justin heard Brian sigh.

“She’s fine, you know,” Justin said guessing at what Brian was thinking.

“I know.”

“Bet she’s having the time of her life with ‘her’ Patrick.”

“You think?”

“I’m sure she is.”

“It is peaceful out here,” Brian said by way of a non sequitur.

“Make a wish,” Justin said.

“Hmm?” Brian wasn’t sure he heard right.

“I said make a wish.”

“And why would I do that?”

“Because I said so.”

Brian shrugged then did as commanded. He closed his eyes and let go the strain and stress of the past couple of days. He thought about his family, the children, and Bree’s cute little face looking up at him with her large violet blue eyes. He saw Gus standing proud and handsome. And Patrick, an amazing combination of John and Bobby. Then he let his mind wander to the rest of the kids in their crazy wittle family.

Even in the dim light, Justin could see the transformation taking place on Brian’s face. Justin stood back, memorizing every nuance. He’d sketch that look as soon as possible.

“Better?” Justin asked already knowing the answer.

“Yeah.”

“Come on. Let’s go back.”

“Had enough of nature?” Brian snarked.

“For now. I have other things in mind.”

“Unnatural things?”

“Maybe for some, but not for me,” Justin said making Brian laugh. Justin grabbed Brian’s hand to lead his man to bed where they could do their ‘unnatural’ things together.



*****


 




“So you think this will be a safe choice for us?” Brian asked as they sat out on the lanai the next morning eating their breakfast, brunch actually. The boys had a relatively good night of gently making love, avoiding the worst of the painful spots on their bodies then sleeping late into the morning. Angelica was currently plying them with a healthy breakfast.

“I think so. What kind of trouble can we get into in an art museum?”

“I have no idea but considering our luck, plenty. But this seems like a safe choice.”

The boys had the folder on the table with all the activities and tourist attractions within a 50 mile radius of the estate. Henry had the limo polished, gassed up and awaiting a destination.

“What do you think?” Justin asked Angelica.

“I think the art museum is an excellent choice. It’s a peaceful place and they encourage artists to take along their sketch pads,” Angelica remarked knowingly.

“Bri?”

“To the art museum, we go!” Brian declared putting his seal of approval on the excursion plans. “And I’m sure it’s climate controlled,” he smirked. Justin was planning to wear a lightweight but long sleeved linen outfit for protection. Brian was planning to apply sunblock on him just in case.

“Yee Haw!” Justin exclaimed as they finished their brunch then got ready for the day.



*****



"Bobby Morrison," Bobby said as he answered his phone.

"Hiya, honey!" Emmett said as soon as he heard Bobby's voice.

"Hey, Emm. What can I do for you?"

"Do you know when the boys are getting back?"

"Just before the Memorial Day weekend. Why?"

"Do you think they'll be up for our annual barbecue?"

"I'm not sure but I don't see why not. We can have it all planned. This way all they have to do is sit back and enjoy the family."

"That's what I was thinking. We can all bring something so the big guy doesn't have to cook."

"He likes to grill but this sounds good to me," Bobby said.

"Then leave it all to me!" Emmett announced.

"Okay. But let me clear it with John first. We hadn't gotten around to discussing it yet."

"Will do. Keep me posted. Bye, honey!"

"Bye, Emm."


Chapter 5 by SabinaThymeSunshine

It's All Down Hill From Here

Chapter 5







Brian and Justin slowly strolled through the main gallery of one of the larger museums on their island. It was devoted to the unique fauna and flora of the Hawaiian Islands. Justin was enthralled by the vibrant colors of the modern art. Throughout the gallery, artists young and old had out their sketch pads, charcoals and pastels, hoping to capture what they saw. Off to one side of the great gallery there was a long atrium that terminated at a huge greenhouse. The greenhouse was home to several specimens of tropical hibiscus as well as orchids. Brian found it peaceful so he sat on a bench inhaling the peaty and floral scent.

“Hey, you okay?” Justin asked when he found his missing spouse still seated on his bench hidden amongst large palm leaves.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“You’ve been in here for over an hour.”

“Really?” Brian said with surprise. “I didn’t realize. Are you ready to go?”

“Not yet, unless you want to.”

Brian shook his head. “I like it here,” he said cocking his toward the plants. “You find something to draw?” he added with a smirk.

Justin had his sketch pad in his hand and a pencil stuck behind one ear. Justin smiled. “Lots. You getting some ideas for our garden?” he asked knowing how Brian’s mind worked.

“Maybe. But these are all tropical flowers. They’d be fine in the summer but then die at the first sign of frost.”

“Not if they had a greenhouse to live out the winter.”

“I hate to break it to you, Sunshine, but we don’t have a greenhouse.”

“Ah, but we could have. You’re always complaining that you’re bored during the winter. Even Bree mopes around because she can’t do gar-gar. We can solve both problems if we had a greenhouse. Of course it doesn’t have to be this big,” Justin said as he looked around. The museum greenhouse was several stories tall. “But it could be large enough to house some tropical hibiscus trees and maybe some fruit trees.” Justin smiled at his mate.

“Hmm, you may have an idea. We can install some benches to make it a sanctuary. I can plant the trees in large pots. Put the pots on wheels to move the trees into our garden during the summer then wheel them back in the fall. Maybe a small fountain and pond in one corner.” Brian allowed his mind to consider the possibilities. “I like the sound of our stream.”

“You can have that sound all year long,” Justin remarked. "You could hold classes for the garden center."

"I'm not a teacher."

"Sure you are. You taught Bree all about gardening and you taught Todd a thing or two. You'd make a great teacher. Here,” Justin said as he dug into his ever present messenger bag to hand a small pad and a pencil to Brian.

“What am I supposed to do with these? I’m no artist.” Brian stared at the pad in his hand.

“No, but you are the best adman ever and gardener extraordinaire. Design your greenhouse, Bri. John will build it, you know he will.”

Brian nodded as his hand lightly caressed the pad. “You don’t mind if I stay in here, get some ideas? This is supposed to be our honeymoon.”

“I don’t mind. You’ve spent many hours watching me sketch, draw and paint. I think I can wait while you design your greenhouse. Besides, every day with you is a honeymoon.” Justin smiled one of his sunniest for Brian.

“Come here,” Brian whispered. Justin walked in closer then leaned down. “I love you, Sunshine,” Brian said as he gave Justin a kiss. “And I could watch you paint and draw for the rest of my life,” Brian murmured against Justin’s lips.

Justin returned the kisses then stood up to walk back into the main gallery. He turned his head to throw Brian his brightest sunshine smile. Brian couldn’t help but return the smile.

“Later,” Justin said.

“Later.”



*****



“Did you boys have a good time?” Henry asked as he opened the limo door for Brian and Justin. They had spent most of the afternoon in the museum. Justin had the inspiration for many paintings in his pad. Brian had the plans for his greenhouse.

“It was so amazing!” Justin exclaimed with enthusiasm. Brian rolled his eyes.

“It was all right,” Brian stated. Justin rolled his eyes.

“Well, sit back and relax. I’ll have you back to the estate in no time,” Henry proclaimed as he buckled up then started the car.

They were almost home, discussing what they had seen in the gallery and talking about the greenhouse when the world shifted beneath them. Henry swerved, losing control of the car. When the world finally stopped moving, they were in a hole on the side of the road.

“Justin!” Brian shouted, his voice husky with fright and concern. Justin had landed on the floor just opposite of him. Carefully, he pulled Justin up and onto the seat next to him. “Everyone okay?” Brian asked as his hands roamed Justin’s body searching for breaks and bruises.

“I’m okay,” Justin assured Brian. Shaking from shock, Justin leaned into Brian’s chest. Brian automatically enveloped the smaller man with his arms.

“Henry?”

“I’m all right but I don’t think the car is going anywhere,” Henry grumbled as climbed his way out of the car. He had his cell phone in his hand calling for a tow. “Good news is we have plenty of water. Bad news is we may be here for a while. Lots of people run off the road.”

Brian managed to get the door of the lopsided car open. He climbed out to get a good look at their situation. There were many cars stalled out along the road. No one looked like they were seriously hurt but they could hear the sounds of sirens coming from many directions.

“Do you have any idea what happened?” Justin asked Henry. Brian was staring at the road which was buckled in a few spots.

“Pele is unhappy,” was all that Henry would say.



*****



“When is that fucking tow truck going to get here?” Brian griped before he took a sip of water from the bottle that Henry had given him. He saw Henry across the road talking to some other drivers who had driven off the road when the ground shifted. Brian and Justin were seated on the trunk of the car while they waited for help.

“I’m sure they’re overwhelmed with all the calls,” Justin said reasonably.

“Henry called immediately,” Brian reminded his husband. “We should be first on the list.”

“They may be having trouble getting here.”

“Rescuing all the people along the way here, undoubtedly,” Brian snarked.

“Those people need help as much as we do.”

“This has been some honeymoon,” Brian said shaking his head. “We may be sitting here on the side of the road for the rest of it.”

Justin leaned his head on Brian’s shoulder. “It’ll be all right as long as we’re together.”

“Yeah,” Brian said kissing the top of the blond head.

“Um, excuse me, but would you like a cookie?” a voice said from behind them. Both Brian and Justin turned to see who was speaking to them.

“Sure,” Justin said as he got a whiff of the still warm cookies in the basket the woman was holding. “Thanks.” He took a cookie from the basket that the woman held out to him.

“I was making these when we had that little tremor,” the woman said. She offered the contents of the basket to Brian.

“Little tremor?” Brian said skeptically.

“We can deal with much worse. I’m Leilani,” the woman said with a gentle smile.

“Nice to meet you, Leilani,” Justin said with a big smile. “I’m Justin. These cookies are excellent,” he added finishing off the one he had taken from the basket.

“Have another,” Leilani replied holding out the basket of cookies to Justin.

“Thanks,” Justin said quickly taking another cookie.

“You should go feed some other poor stranded buggers,” Brian chimed in. “Justin will eat that whole basket if you let him.”

Justin swatted Brian. “This uncouth mass of bodily fluids is Brian, my husband.” Brian glared at his mate.

Leilani smiled. “Nice to meet you both.”

“Thanks for the cookie,” Brian said deciding to be gracious as he took a bite of his cookie. “You’re the best thing that’s happened to us on our honeymoon.”

“It’s called Hawaiian hospitality,” Leilani informed him. “You’re on your honeymoon?”

“Yes,” Justin said with a big smile. “We’ve been married for ten years and together for twenty, but we finally decided to take a second honeymoon.”

“You don’t have to bore Leilani with our life story,” Brian said giving Justin the eye.

“I’m not bored,” Leilani responded. “It’s always nice to meet new friends.”

“Does your husband know you’re out chatting up the boys?” Brian asked snidely.

“Brian!” Justin said shocked at his husband’s comment.

Leilani frowned. “My husband knows exactly where I am. That’s him over there trying to get that car started. We both like to help when we can.”

“Oh,” Brian said watching the group of men which included Henry give the car a push as it roared into life. The driver waved as he drove away. “Great!” Brian griped. “Our driver is helping everyone else.”

“Brian, stop it!” Justin ordered. “We should help too. Come on.” Justin grabbed Brian’s hand and pulled him up from his perch on the strangely angled car. He dragged Brian over to the group of men who were trying to push a car out of a hole that one wheel had dropped into. As soon as the extra manpower in the form of Brian and Justin aided in the pushing, the car quickly sped away.

“Great!” Brian repeated. “Now we have one less person to help push our car out.”

“We’re next,” Henry said walking towards the Mercedes.

“At last,” Brian said as he and Justin joined the others at the rear of the Mercedes. Henry opened the driver’s door so he could steer. With great effort the small group managed to push the car back onto the road.

“We can go,” Henry said looking at his charges. It was their decision.

“Let’s help the last couple of vehicles first,” Brian said. He knew what it felt like to be left stranded, and nobody should have to suffer that.

Before long all the cars in the small group were back on the road. Brian and Justin said goodbye to Leilani and her husband. They got another cookie as their reward. The friendly Hawaiians waved to them as they finally drove away.

“Home, James, it’s been a long day,” Brian said to Henry.

They could see Henry’s broad smile in the rearview mirror.



*****



“So you don’t get many earthquakes here?” Brian asked Angelica. They had been discussing the day’s adventure with her as she prepared dinner.

“No, usually it’s eruptions – mostly Kilauea. It’s the most active volcano.”

“What would the earth shaking like we had today mean?” Justin asked with a frown.

“It could be a precursor to another eruption,” Angelica explained.

“I thought maybe we could take a flight over to the Big Island and see the newly formed lava,” Brian replied.

“You better do it soon,” Angelica informed him. “If there’s an eruption, you won’t be able to get anywhere near Kilauea.”

“Should we go tomorrow?” Justin asked.

“You could.”

“I should go on line and check flights,” Brian said standing up from the table where he had been drinking some lemonade.

“There are flights to the Big Island several times a day,” Angelica said. “You shouldn’t have any trouble getting a flight. But you may want to book a tour to the volcano.”

“I’ll see what I can find,” Brian replied as he left the kitchen to go to his computer.

Justin sat at the kitchen table finishing his lemonade and thinking.

“Henry tells me that you helped push several cars out of trouble this afternoon,” Angelica said after a couple of minutes.

“Yeah, everybody banded together and got the job done,” Justin said proudly. “We met a lady named Leilani who brought us some cookies to help us keep up our strength, and her husband helped push the cars.”

Angelica nodded and smiled knowingly. Henry had told her all about it. She was not surprised that Justin had helped with the cars, but that Brian Kinney had as well was a surprise. “Um, I wouldn’t think that Mr. Brian would be one to push cars.”

Justin chuckled. “Most people would think the same. That’s because they can’t see past all the bluster that Brian throws out. He really has a heart of gold when you get to know him.”

“I’m beginning to realize that, but he keeps it pretty well hidden.”

“Yes he does. It would be wise not to let him know that you see what he’s like on the inside.”

Angelica nodded in understanding. Some men were like that. They needed their cool, detached image to represent how they wanted the world to see them. It was rare to get a glimpse below the surface as Henry had today. With some of the wealthy guests who rented the estate, there was nothing under the façade, just more of the same. Angelica was glad these men had more to them than the surface wealth.

“I better go see how Brian’s doing,” Justin said as he placed his glass beside the sink.



*****



The next day Brian and Justin landed on the Big Island where they were met by Alice, a young lady who worked for the tour company that Brian had contacted on the internet. The company provided individualized tours for those who could afford it. After introductions, Alice led her charges to the Mercedes limo that awaited them outside the airport terminal. Justin half expected to see Henry get out of the car to greet them. It seemed like a black Mercedes was the standard limo in the islands.

Instead of Henry a young Hawaiian who said his name was Kemo hopped out. Kemo opened the door of the car for them after he introduced himself. Brian and Justin got in the back while Alice got in the front with Kemo.

They drove for quite awhile. Alice pointed out some roads that had been overrun with lava and abandoned. She explained that the Big Island was still growing. Every once in a while there would be an eruption, and a few more feet would be added to the perimeter of the island. Finally Kemo pulled the car into a lot where some buses and other cars were parked. They all got out.

“The lava fields are over that way,” Alice explained pointing. “I can accompany you, or you could explore by yourselves. You’ll see hot areas with red lava showing through fissures in the ground. This is one of the main areas where the Big Island is still growing.”

“I’d like to look around by ourselves,” Justin said. Brian nodded.

“I’ll be happy to answer any of your questions when you return,” Alice said. She informed them that she and Kemo would be waiting for them in the same spot when they returned.

“Great,” Justin said as they started walking towards the lava fields. Ahead they could see red areas amidst the rock. “Wow! Look at that,” Justin gasped. “It’s like the world is being reborn in fire and stone.”

“How poetic, Sunshine,” Brian replied with a smile. “I wonder if it will melt the bottom of our shoes.”

“I don’t think you’re supposed to step on the red patches.”

They bent over to look at the red lava which showed through cracks in the rock. Fascinated by what they were seeing they wandered farther and farther into the lava fields, looking for larger and more dramatic spots of molten lava.


                

“I could so paint this,” Justin said as they found a particularly large red area. The heat from the fissure could be felt from several feet away.

“My feet are getting warm,” Brian said. He looked around and noted that they were all by themselves. The nearest person to them was little more than a speck in the direction from which they had come. “Um, maybe we better turn back,” Brian said.

“Look at that over there,” Justin enthused, pointing to another area of fresh lava. “Come on.”

Brian could do little but follow his impetuous mate. They wandered a little further squatting down to look at the glowing patches of lava.

“Mr. Kinney, Mr. Taylor, thank God I found you,” Alice said as she arrived breathless at their side.

“Found us?” Brian asked. “Were we lost?”

“Didn’t you see the signs saying this area is out of bounds? It’s a wonder your shoes aren’t on fire,” Alice replied. “We should get out of here.”

“Sorry,” Justin said. “It’s my fault. I kept dragging Brian farther and farther. I just find this all so fascinating … and beautiful.”

“I’m glad you enjoyed it, but we really need to go back,” Alice repeated.

“Okay,” Justin said looking wistfully at the lava fields ahead.

“Come on,” Brian ordered. “I seriously think my shoes are melting.”

They quickly made their way back to the car. Kemo looked relieved when they arrived.

As Brian and Justin settled into the back seat of the limo, Brian lifted his sandal clad foot to look at the sole. Any tread that had been there had disappeared. His shoes had literally melted.

“It’s a wonder I didn’t go up in flames,” Brian said as he showed Justin his shoe.

Justin looked at his runners which were in much the same condition. “I think we need to go shoe shopping,” he suggested.

“Ooh, shopping,” Brian said with a grin.

“I know how much that appeals to you,” Justin chuckled.

“I wonder if Hell is like those lava fields,” Brian speculated as Kemo drove the limo out of the parking area. “It’s supposed to be hot like that.”

“You’ll never know, because if there’s an afterlife, we’ll be in Heaven together,” Justin declared.

“I’m in Heaven everyday … as long as I’m with you,” Brian declared.

Justin smiled one of his radiant smiles and his hand squeezed Brian’s just a little harder.



*****



Alice took them to one of the main growers of orchids on the island. They wandered through the growing areas looking at the thousands of varieties of orchids. Brian snapped pictures of the ones Justin particularly liked. They would be added to his photos of the lava fields, all pictures that Justin wanted to use for inspiration for his paintings.








From the signs they learned that most of the orchids were for export, but many went to make the leis that visitors received when they got off the plane in Hawaii.

After a half hour Justin’s allergies started to kick in. He was stuffed up and finding it hard to breathe. Brian looked at his watch and decided they should probably head for the airport and their flight back to Oahu.

“Did you have a good day?” Brian asked as the limo neared the airport. Dusk was just descending over the islands.

“It was a great day. I’m going to paint some of the colors of those lava fields when I get home. I bet I could do some great orchid paintings too,” Justin replied happily.

“I bet you could, Sunshine.”

They said their goodbyes to Alice and Kemo, giving them each a generous tip for their day’s work. Soon they were back on Oahu where Henry met them at the airport.

“Glad to have you both back safe and sound,” Henry said as he opened the limo door for them.

“Yeah, safe and sound, with no injuries,” Brian snarked, “except for the soles of my shoes.”

Henry chuckled. “I hear that a lot from people who visit the Big Island. Those lava fields suck you in and then eat your shoes.” Henry began driving towards the estate. “You were lucky you went to the Big Island today,” he informed them. “The scientists say that Kilauea is showing renewed activity. There could be an eruption anytime. I told you Pele was not happy.”

“Timing is everything,” Brian said as he settled back into his seat. It was good to be heading back to their temporary home, and tomorrow they would go shoe shopping.

Chapter 6 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

It's All Down Hill From Here

Chapter 6





“Now we’re talkin’!” Brian exclaimed, rubbing his hands together as Henry pulled into the main parking area for an exclusive upscale shopping mall.

“I got the impression that you prefer the finer things,” Henry remarked, pleased that his supposition was correct.

“Oh yeah,” Brian responded as he took a look at a large sign which listed the stores and boutiques in the mall. Justin rolled his eyes as he snorted.

“He’s a snob when it comes to clothes and shoes,” Justin stated.

“Just because every other thing in my side of the closet isn’t a hoodie, doesn’t mean I’m a snob,” Brian snorted.

“Uh huh. Henry, take a break. We may be here for awhile,” Justin suggested. Brian was practically salivating.

“Come along, McSunshine, we have shopping to do,” Brian said as he grabbed Justin’s wrist heading for the main doors. Justin pocketed the card Henry gave him which had Henry’s cell phone number before Brian spirited him away.

Henry chuckled as he drove away to wait at a local coffee shop for his crazy charges, thinking to himself - who goes on a honeymoon only to shop for clothes?



*****



“Brian, we’ve been here for hours. It’s not like you don’t already have the latest Spring collection and Fall collection already in your closet,” Justin whined.

They were sitting in a comfortable salon sipping strong dark Hawaiian coffee and nibbling on melt in your mouth pastries while a parade of models were strutting their stuff up and down a short runway. Brian was in designer heaven. He had already picked out shoes to replace the ones that had melted and purchased several other pairs that he just HAD to have. He even convinced Justin to buy a pair of Italian leather shoes - to wear when he presented his special commissioned paintings to the Royals.

“Justin, shopping for clothing is an art. You’re an artist. You should appreciate that fact.” Brian stood as one model, one very tall dark and handsome model, came out in a soft, cream colored, summer weight wool suit. The model stopped to allow Brian to, um, fondle the lapel. The model sighed. Brian arched a brow.

“I’m beginning to think you appreciate what’s in the clothes more than the clothes,” Justin growled as he threw a death glare at the hapless model.

“I’ll take this one,” Brian purred. The personal shopper who was attending them stepped up then ushered Brian to a private room to get his measurements. The model smiled hopefully at Brian. Brian winked but shook his head, no.

“Bri, I’ll be at the jewelry counter,” Justin said as he saw his spouse led away. The model considered following but went back to the dressing rooms when he saw Justin glaring at him.

“Okay,” Justin heard Brian say before he disappeared into the room.



*****



“May I help you?” a rather prim saleswoman asked Justin as he was checking out a selection of gold charms.

Justin didn’t need any more jewelry. He wore the most precious things to him, his wedding ring and the bracelet Brian had given him years ago. Brian wasn’t into jewelry either, wearing his wedding ring and the pendant that Justin had designed for him. Justin wanted to get something for Bree.

“May I see these?” Justin asked sweetly, not realizing that the woman was suspicious of him. He was wearing his usual clothes, not a designer stitch on his youthful looking body. Justin was pointing to an expensive selection of floral charms. They were done in enamel over gold in bright shades of fuchsia and purple. He knew a special princess that would love one.

The woman pushed a button under the counter as she tried to take out a tray that contained ‘fashion’ jewelry.

“I’m sorry, I meant that tray. My daughter would love the hibiscus charm,” Justin stated as he pointed to a specific charm.

“May I help you?” A gentleman sidled up to the counter to stand next to Justin. Justin turned to see the tall husky man wearing a jacket with a security patch on the pocket.

“Well, unless you’re authorized to sell me that charm and gift wrap it, I don’t think so,” Justin said as he finally got it. He wasn’t intimidated by the ‘bear.’ He had seen his share of muscle bound bears in his day.

“May I see some ID?” the security guard asked politely. Justin shrugged as he slowly pulled his wallet out of his back pocket. He took out his driver’s license for the man. “Justin Taylor?” the man asked with recognition in his voice.

“That’s me,” Justin replied.

“THE Justin Taylor?” the man asked with awe. The stern look on his face transformed into hero worship.

“Who?” the saleswoman asked.

The guard rolled his eyes as he quickly hand the license back to Justin. “Justin Taylor - the artist. I have family back East. I went to your Fractal exhibit. I just work here part time; my main job is in computers. I love fractals!” That remark garnered the big bear a sunshine smile. “Miss Frances, where have you been? This is Justin Taylor; he’s a world renowned artist. Are you here to get ideas for your next show?”

“Well, it didn’t start out that way but I can't help sketching all the beautiful flowers that I’ve seen.”

As Justin and the guard chatted about flowers, computer programs, and paint mediums the saleswoman quickly took out the original tray of charms. She showed the hibiscus charm to Justin for his approval. She immediately placed it in a gift box then wrapped it.

“Will this be cash or charge, sir,” she asked with a definite change of attitude.

“Charge, please,” Justin responded politely, taking out his wallet again, and pulling out his credit card.

“We have a lovely selection of necklaces, if you’re interested in getting something for your wife,” the woman suggested.

“No thank you. My husband isn’t into jewelry, but are those cowry shells?” Justin spied a man’s silver bracelet that had three shells linked into the bracelet.

“Husband?” the woman sputtered as she took out the tray of bracelets. Before Justin could elaborate, Brian joined him at the counter.

“Who’s your friend, Sunshine?” Brian asked as he sized up the starstruck bear who was making goo-goo eyes at his spouse.

“Um, he’s a security guard,” Justin said automatically as he took Brian’s arm to draw him closer to the counter. “I got this for Bree,” Justin said as he pointed to one of the pretty charms.

“She’ll love it,” Brian nodded approvingly.

“Do you think Gus would like this?” Justin picked up the cowry shell bracelet then handed it to Brian. Brian’s face softened.

“I think he’ll love it,” Brian said in a loving tone, bussing Justin’s temple. “I think he’ll love it more knowing you chose it for him.”

“Please wrap this,” Justin said to the saleswoman with a smile.

“With pleasure,” she immediately responded, as she removed the tag then prepared the bracelet for wrapping. “Will there be anything else?” she asked, very pleased with the commission she was about to earn.

“What about Patrick, should we get something for him?” Justin asked as he handed the lady his credit card again.

“I don’t think he’s the jewelry type. Let’s think about it. We can always come back,” Brian said. Justin nodded in agreement. Patrick didn’t show signs of being into jewelry.

“Where’s your new suit?” Justin asked. Brian was only carrying a bag containing his new shoes.

“I’m having everything shipped home. It’s easier that way,” Brian explained.

“Okay,” Justin agreed. “I’m hungry.”

“Why am I not surprised?” Brian snarked as he reached around Justin for the gift bag that contained the charm and bracelet. “I’m sure we can find someplace to eat in here.”

“There’s a steakhouse on the upper level,” the guard suggested.

“Perfect! I love my meat grilled,” Brian said as he waggled his eyebrows. Justin giggled as he rolled his eyes.

“Where’s your little friend?” Justin asked as he nudged Brian’s arm with his shoulder.

“What friend?”

“Tall, dark and available.”

“Oh him.”

“Yes, him.”

“I prefer short blond and mine.” Brian leaned down to murmur in Justin’s ear. He nudged Justin’s shoulder. Justin looked up with a blazing smile.

The lovers walked through the mall to the steakhouse making goo-goo eyes at each other.



*****



When Brian and Justin finished their meal, they decided it was time to go home. They called Henry who picked them up from the mall very promptly. Brian made a mental note to leave a very generous tip for their chauffeur who seemed more than willing to go above and beyond for his clients.

By the time they arrived back at the estate, the sun was starting to set. They decided to take a swim in the pool as the setting sun would be much less likely to burn sensitive skin.

They swam laps together, letting the cool water sluice over their bodies. After several laps they stopped at the side of the pool where they could stand up but still have most of their bodies underwater. Brian pulled Justin against his body and kissed the full lips he knew so well. Justin responded as only he could, curling himself around Brian’s body in the shallow end of the pool.

“I love you so much,” Justin whispered.

“Even after all the calamities we’ve had on this so-called honeymoon?” Brian asked with a grin.

“Because of all the calamities,” Justin averred.

“How so?” Brian frowned wondering what Justin could mean.

“Anything we do together is wonderful, Brian. I love when you take care of me, rubbing lotion on my sunburn and warning me to stay out of the sun. I love taking care of you too, like this,” he said kissing the scrape that was still visible on Brian’s palm.

Brian swallowed. Sometimes the emotion between them was so raw and so … real, that it almost overwhelmed him. “I love you, Sunshine. I love you more than I ever have. We have a wonderful life together.” Brian kissed Justin softly, tenderly, warmly.

Justin basked in the feeling of Brian Kinney’s arms around him and Brian’s lips on his. There was no better feeling in the whole world, and they didn’t need to be in Hawaii for him to feel it.

“I love you too, Brian Kinney. Don’t you ever forget it.”

“How could I when you’re here to remind me at every opportunity.”

Justin realized that the sentimental moment was over, and the snarky Brian Kinney had returned. But that was okay. The moments like they had just shared were enough to sustain their relationship, enough to make it grow and prosper. It was a source of wonderful happiness that no one else ever got to share. Justin was totally happy.

“And I’m here to help you shop till you drop, and spend ungodly amounts of money,” Justin said with a grin.

“Well, that’s what money’s for, isn’t it?”

“So they tell me. But I’d still be with you if you had nothing.”

“I know,” Brian replied. “There was a time when you had to prove that.”

Justin nodded as they thought about some of the hard times they had weathered together. “Life isn’t always easy,” Justin said. “But it’s easier when I’m with you.”

Brian nodded. “Do you think we should call Bree?”

“It’s hours later over there than it is here. She should be in bed.”

“I didn’t mean immediately. I thought maybe tomorrow. We haven’t talked to her since we left.”

“Getting homesick?” Justin asked with a gentle smile. His hand caressed Brian’s cheek.

“Maybe a little,” Brian admitted. “But I’m glad we’re here – together.”

“Me too.”

“Let’s get out. I’m pruning,” Brian said walking up the steps of the pool with Justin’s hand in his.

They toweled off, Brian insisting on drying Justin’s hair. Justin loved the feel of Brian’s hand massaging his head. It always made him feel so peaceful. They sat down on the two chaises side by side. Their hands met in between with fingers linking.

“Look at the stars,” Justin said staring up at the heavens.

“Not bad,” Brian stated as he watched the evening sky.

“What do you want to do tomorrow?”

“Besides call Bree?”

“Yes, besides calling our daughter.” Justin smiled. Big, bad Brian Kinney missed his daughter something awful.

“I was reading in one of the brochures they leave lying around this place that Waimea Canyon on Kauai is supposed to be spectacular,” Brian explained.

“Is it full of lava?” Justin asked.

Brian chuckled. “No, lava boy! It’s a huge canyon full of multitudinous colors – kind of like the Grand Canyon back home.”

“Ooh, colors,” Justin said his eyes lighting up.

“I thought you’d like that.”

“I’d love to see it.”

“I’ll go online and see what we can arrange.”

“Thanks,” Justin said.

“For what?”

“For thinking about what I might like, and all the great things we’re getting to do.”

Brian shook his head. “Like I don’t enjoy them too.”

“I think you enjoy seeing me enjoy them,” Justin said smugly.

“Is that right?” Justin nodded emphatically. “There’s something else I like seeing you enjoy,” Brian stated with a suggestive waggle of his eyebrows.

“Is that so?” Justin said with a grin and a wink.

“I think it’s time we hit the bedroom. We’re both relatively pain free tonight,” Brian joked.

“That will be a treat. As opposed to some of our recent couplings.”

Brian pulled his husband up from the chaise and they headed inside for a night of gentle lovemaking intermingled with some very tempestuous fucking.



*****



The next morning they came to the kitchen late for breakfast. Angelica had everything mostly ready, starting with steaming mugs of coffee which she set in front of them as soon as they sat down.

“You both look like you could use these,” Angelica said with a knowing look.

Brian squirmed in his chair to find a comfortable spot to sit. Justin had been insatiable last night … and so had he.

“Thanks,” Brian said taking a sip of the hot liquid.

“What have you gentlemen got lined up for today?” Angelica asked as she dished up scrambled eggs and bacon. She had a feeling both men could use a hearty breakfast.

“We thought we’d like to see Waimea Canyon,” Justin informed her.

“It’s very beautiful. I think you’ll love it,” Angelica said placing their plates of food in front of them. “Have you made arrangements?”

“I was going to do that last night, but someone distracted me,” Brian said with mock sarcasm. He could take that kind of distraction anytime.

“Then I would suggest you make the arrangements today, and fly over to Kauai tomorrow. That way you won’t be rushed. You can really enjoy the canyon and the grottos.”

“Grottos?” Justin asked.

“Fern grottos. They’re very beautiful. There are some waterfalls too. You should see them.”

“Have you thought about going into the tour business?” Brian asked with a chuckle.

“I advise enough people who stay here,” Angelica replied. “I like it here. I wouldn’t want to change a thing.”

“It must be nice to feel so content,” Justin said with a smile. “Just like I do.” He looked at Brian who smiled back at him.

“We should call Bree before she goes out on some adventure,” Brian said as he finished his breakfast. “It is Saturday.”

“Good idea,” Justin replied watching Brian take out his phone and dial.

“Who’s Bree?” Angelica whispered.

“Our daughter. She’s eight,” Justin said.

Angelica nodded. Bree must be a very lucky little girl.

Brian waited as the call went through. John’s voice came on the line.

“Hello?”

“John, it’s your handsome brother. How is everything over there?”

John laughed. “Just fine, O handsome brother. How are you two doing?”

“We’re good. Is Bree around?”

“She’s pulling at my jeans and trying to climb up my leg to get to the phone,” John said with a laugh.

“Dada!” Bree screeched into the phone.

Brian held his cell phone away from his ear for a moment. “Hey, Squirt,” he said.

“Dada, I miss you so much. When are you coming home?”

“In about a week,” Brian said with a big smile spreading across his face. It was good to know that Bree was missing him.

“Can’t you come sooner?” Bree whined.

“No, Squirt, we have everything booked. What are you doing for the weekend?” he asked hoping to distract Bree from the topic of them coming home.

“Unca John is taking me and Patrick to Gamma Claire’s to sleep in Gus’ treehouse,” Bree said excitedly.

“He is? Has the treehouse been cleaned out?” Brian knew the treehouse had not been used in a long time.

“Unca John says we have to clean it first and then Patrick and me get to sleep up there.”

“Is that what Unca John said?” Brian asked with a chuckle. Trust his brother to teach the children about the value of hard work with a reward at the end.

“Uh huh,” Bree replied. “I love you, Dada.”

“Love you too, Squirt. Want to say hi to Daddy?”

“Oh, yes!”

“Hi, sweetheart,” Justin said into the phone when Brian handed it to him.

“Daddy! I love you and I miss you.”

“Me too.”

“Are you coming home soon?”

“Dada said in about a week,” Justin said patiently.

“That’s forever.”

“It’ll go quickly, and you and Patrick will have fun in the treehouse.” Justin had surmised the plan for the day from hearing Brian’s side of the conversation with his brother.

“I guess so,” Bree said with a sigh.

Brian was signaling for the phone. “I have to go now, Bree,” Justin said. “See you in a few days. Love you.”

“Okay, Daddy, love you too,” Bree said.

“Squirt, I love you,” Brian said as he took the phone from Justin.

“You too, Dada,” Bree responded.

“Put Uncle John back on for a moment.”

“’Kay, Dada. Love you.”

“Yes?” John’s voice came back on.

“Is she really all right?”

“She’s fine, we all are,” John assured him. “Are you two having a good time?”

“Yeah, amongst the disasters.”

“What?”

“I’ll tell you all about it when we get back. Thanks for looking after Bree,”

“I love her as much as you do. Not a problem.”

“Bye, John.” Brian cut the connection.

“There,” Justin said, “now you know Bree’s fine and they’re all doing well.” Justin took Brian’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

Angelica smiled. She had listened to the conversation. These gay men had a daughter that they loved to bits. Interesting.

She snapped on the small TV as she started the clean up from breakfast. “Oh my,” she said aloud.

“What?” Brian asked.

“Kilauea is erupting. Pele is not happy.”

Chapter 7 by SabinaThymeSunshine

It's All Down Hill From Here

Chapter 7





“It’s so high!” Bree exclaimed as she looked upward from the base of the treehouse. Bree hadn’t really noticed the treehouse in detail before. John, Bobby, Steve and Claire were all milling about, preparing to clean and air out the treehouse for the kids. Claire and John had various cleaning supplies ready.

“Can we go up, Poppa?” Patrick asked his red-headed father.

“Sure, just be careful. I don’t think it’s been used in a long time. Although, it looks surprisingly clean,” Bobby remarked as he and the kids slowly climbed the steps.

“Mom, why does the treehouse look so clean?” John asked his mother.

“I can answer that,” Steve said as he followed them up. “Occasionally I let a kid from the farm stay overnight or for a weekend,” Steve divulged.

Bobby stopped short. “You put the kids in solitary confinement?” he asked, ready to do battle as a child advocate.

Steve chuckled, raising his hands in surrender. “No, it’s not what you think. We’ve gotten a few kids sent to us by child protective services. They’ve been abused, if not physically, emotionally. Sometimes they just need a quiet, peaceful space to get their heads in a better place before the real therapy can begin. Bill and I take turns camping out up here, giving them a little space but not too much. They need to know that they haven’t been abandoned. We have the kids clean out the treehouse, give it a coat of varnish now and then. And then we light the fireplace if it isn’t too hot. We talk or read or play chess,” Steve said with a smile as he cocked his head toward the painting on the wall of Brian and Gus playing chess.

“The kids love hearing about how you guys found each other and about the time you built the treehouse. It assures the kids that families are not all bad. And that anything is possible,” Steve further explained.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” John asked. “I’d certainly volunteer my time.”

“I know you would, son,” Steve said, patting John’s shoulder. “But you have your own family to look out after.” John nodded. “Perhaps when these young’uns get a little older, you can spend more time at the farm. Besides, we don’t always have kids here. But your mother and I try to get up here once a year to open it up, make sure the wood isn’t rotting.”

“Thank you,” John said as he gave the big man a hug and kissed his mother’s cheek. “And by all means, use the treehouse for the kids anytime you need to. This place was built with love, maybe some of it will rub off on a needy kid or two.” Steve gave John a grateful smile then he and Claire went back down to prepare lunch for their troops.

A few hours later the treehouse was sparkling. John inspected every nook and cranny, giving it his seal of approval before bringing up the camping equipment the kids would need for the night.

The children were playing catch in the yard while the adults sat in the screen porch sipping lemonade, relaxing after their efforts of the day.

“I’ll stay with them,” Bobby said.

“Are you sure? I’m fully prepared to spend the night up there,” John stated.

“Yeah, I’m sure. I don’t mind. Besides, I know you brought your laptop with your thesis. It’ll give you some quiet time,” Bobby said as he gave John’s thigh a pat.

“How’s your thesis coming?” Claire asked.

“It’s done. I’ve been tweaking it but it’s really finished. I have an appointment next week to defend it,” John said casually but with a bit of pride in his voice.

“Oh, sweetheart!” Claire gasped as she stood up to give her son a hug. “I am so proud of you,” she said with tears of joy in her eyes.

“My husband, the doctor,” Bobby stated proudly.

“Congratulations, son,” Steve beamed.

“Thank you, thank you,” John said bowing his head. “I can truly say this has been a labor of love. I really enjoyed doing the research and interviews. The fact that I’ll get a doctorate out of this is a bonus. It was kind of fun.”

Bobby snorted.

“Okay, minus me going a little crazy over the project, overall it was worth doing,” John admitted. Bobby nodded.

“You boys going to light the fireplace?” Claire asked after a while.

“Do you think we should?” Bobby asked.

“I do,” John said. “It might have been a warm day but it’s still only May, nights can get cold. Between the sleeping bags and the fire, you should be all right.”

“I have extra blankets, just in case,” Claire said.

“We’ll be fine,” Bobby said. “It’s not like we’re stuck in the middle of the woods. If it gets too cold, we’ll come back inside and camp out in the living room. It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve had a camp-out indoors,” he said. “Come on, old man,” Bobby teased his spouse. “Let’s go rustle up a fire up there, take the chill off the old homestead.” Bobby stood, holding out his hand to John. John stood up, taking Bobby’s hand to walk outside and up the treehouse.

“This brings back lots of memories,” John murmured as he opened the fuel cans and placed them into the firebox.

“Yeah,” Bobby agreed. “We had a ball building this thing,” Bobby said with a chuckle.

“We had several balls,” John said laughing at the memories. “I seem to recall my brother’s balls running naked from the stream when he had his encounter with the bull frog.” John and Bobby cracked up with laughter.

“He’ll never live that down,” Bobby said when he was able to catch his breath.

“Nope. I learned a lot about Brian and Justin that week. Learned a lot about you too,” John said with a loving smile. John leaned over to give Bobby a kiss. Bobby wrapped his arms around John’s neck drawing the older man in closer. After a while they reluctantly pulled away from each other.

“Mmm, I never get tired of kissing you,” Bobby whispered.

“Me neither. But I guess we shouldn't start something we can’t finish. It’s getting late, for the kids. And you’re right, I’d like a little time to look over my presentation,” John admitted.

“Then I’ll round up the kids to get them ready for bed.”

Within the hour the kids were bathed, in their pj’s and snuggled together in a large sleeping bag. Bobby, in his own sleeping bag, was reading a story to them. The story was really for Bree, but Patrick enjoyed hearing his father’s expressive voice. A half an hour later, the children were asleep. Bobby kissed the angelic looking faces before sneaking back down and into the house for a while.

“Coffee?” Claire offered. “It’s decaf.”

“Sounds good,” Bobby replied.

“There’s pie,” Claire tempted her son-in-law by waving a slice of home-made cherry pie.

“You’re determined to see me fat,” Bobby stated but sat down at the table to have his pie.

“You’ll work it off,” Claire reassured him. “You boys certainly worked hard today. I didn’t think a tree could shine,” Claire teased.

“That’s your son,” Bobby mumbled around a mouthful. “He’s obsessed.”

“I heard that!” They heard John coming from the vicinity of the living room. Bobby and Claire chuckled.

Bobby finished up his coffee and pie, cleaned up the kitchen then kissed Claire and John before going back outside.

“Kids all tucked in?” Steve asked. He had been sitting in the porch for a while just enjoying the quiet evening.

“Yup. They went out pretty fast. Must have been all that hard work,” Bobby chuckled.

“You boys are wonderful parents. Those kids are so loved,” Steve said. “I’m proud of all four of you,” he added, including Brian and Justin in his compliments. “If there were more parents like you boys, there’d be no need for places like the Farm.” He gave Bobby’s arm a squeeze before going back inside. Bobby took a deep breath then went to the treehouse.



*****



“Daddy?” Bree murmured half asleep as Bobby came through the trap door and into the treehouse.

“No, princess, it’s Uncle Bobby,” Bobby said gently.

“Where’s Dada?” she asked, not really awake.

“He’s on vacation with your daddy. They’ll be home soon. You’re in the treehouse with Patrick and me. Go back to sleep,” he whispered. “Grandma Claire is planning a big breakfast in the morning.” He kissed the sleepy child.

“Okay,” Bree snuffled then snuggled closer to her Patrick, falling deeper into sleep.

Bobby caressed their sleeping faces before sliding back into his own sleeping bag and to sleep.



*****



“What are you doing?” Justin asked. He had stirred in his sleep to see his husband standing at the screened patio door of their bedroom. They had been fucking for hours, and Justin knew they were both tired. He always knew when the bed did not contain his spouse. It always felt different if Brian wasn’t there.

“Looking at the stars,” Brian replied.

“Stars, huh?” Justin said as he joined Brian by the door.

“Yeah, stars.”

“They’re the same stars that Bree can see.”

Brian glanced at his husband. Justin always knew when Brian was upset or melancholy. “Do you think she’s scared … sleeping in the treehouse?”

“I think she’s just fine,” Justin said rubbing Brian’s arm. “She’ll have her Patrick and John and Bobby with her. She’s fine, Brian.”

“I know, but I can’t help…”

“Worrying,” Justin supplied.

“Yeah.”

“You know that your brother and Bobby and Steve and Claire are taking good care of our little girl.”

“I know.”

“But…?”

“She sounded sad on the phone.”

“Of course she did. She misses us just as much as we miss her.”

“She’ll have grown up by the time we get back.”

“It’s two weeks, Brian, not two years.”

“I know…”

“Stop worrying. That’s an order,” Justin commanded. “And come fuck me. That’s an order too.” Justin took Brian’s hand and dragged him back to bed.

As Brian rolled away from Justin, having just completed a very satisfying bout of lovemaking, he looked out the patio doors at the brilliant stars in the tropical sky. He hoped Bree was looking at them too and knew that her fathers were thinking of her.



*****



“Patrick,” Bree whispered.

“Hm, yeah, what’s wrong?” Patrick asked as he opened his eyes and sat up. “Are you scared?”

“A little. I miss my daddies.”

“They’ll be home soon. Hold my hand,” Patrick said finding Bree’s hand in the dark. He squeezed gently. “I’ll take care of you. Go back to sleep.”

“’Kay,” Bree said with a little sniffle. She closed her eyes knowing that everything would be all right with her hand in Patrick’s.



*****



Henry dropped off Brian and Justin at the airport for their flight to Kauai. Since having a relaxing day of sitting in the shade and swimming and worrying about Bree, they were ready for their next adventure.

The flight was a little less than an hour and they arrived to find their minders who would chauffeur them around and make sure they enjoyed their visit to Waimea Canyon. Jack was their guide and Ollie their chauffeur. Brian immediately took to calling them Stan and Ollie, but only for Justin’s ears.

They drove out to Waimea Canyon. Brian wasn’t sure what to expect. The photos he had seen on the internet had looked to be doctored. The colors were way too brilliant to be real. Brian hoped Justin wouldn’t be disappointed.

The limo pulled into the first lookout at the Canyon. Justin and Brian hopped out and walked to the edge of the cliff where a railing held them back.

“Oh my fucking God!” Justin gasped. “Have you ever seen anything like that?”

“Wow!” Brian replied truly impressed with the sight before him.

“Waimea Canyon is about ten miles long, a mile across and almost a mile deep in places,” Jack was explaining.

“The colors are just…” Justin was at a loss for words for once in his life. “I just can’t believe they’re real.”







“Me either,” Brian agreed. Waimea Canyon certainly lived up to the pictures he had seen on the internet. In fact it surpassed anything he had ever seen. He had his camera out taking pictures of the canyon from any angle he could line up. He knew Justin would want to look at them again when he started to paint. Brian could feel Justin’s fingers itching to capture the colors of the canyon on canvas.

“Take one from over here,” Justin urged Brian, moving farther along the top of the canyon. “Look at the colors from here.”

“Spectacular,” Brian said as he snapped many more pictures.

“Save a little room on your camera,” Jack cautioned them. “There’s several more lookouts along the top of the canyon, and some of them are even more beautiful.”

“Let’s go,” Justin said enthusiastically.

They all piled back into the limo and Ollie drove them to the next lookout. Once again they were in awe of the beautiful canyon that lay before them. They walked along the rim, while Brian snapped picture after picture.

“This is so amazing,” Justin enthused as they finally returned to the car.

“I’m glad you’re enjoying it,” Jack said with a pleased smile. “I have one more lookout I want to show you then we have a Hawaiian lunch arranged for you at a local restaurant.”

“Is it a luau?” Brian asked sarcastically.

“Not exactly. A true luau takes all day. This is only lunch, but we have some wonderful food and some local performers,” Jack explained.

“That sounds great,” Justin said really enjoying everything they had done so far today.

“Yeah, great,” Brian said sarcastically. He envisioned some wilted salads and amateur performers. That was not what he had signed on for with this tour company. He would have words with them when they got back to Oahu.

They went to one more viewing point and then headed for the restaurant. It was not at all what Brian had expected.

It was a family run business with only a few people like themselves who seemed to be privileged to attend. They were all made comfortable at small tables around a central raised area that apparently acted as a stage.

A Hawaiian man walked out onto the raised area holding a microphone. He was middle aged, but very fit and handsome. Brian took all that in as he waited for an explanation of what they were going to do.

“Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,” the man said. “I’m your host, Malachi Brown. You may wonder about my name, but I am descended from missionaries and Hawaiians, as are many of the people of Hawaii.”

“A fine tradition,” Brian mumbled sarcastically.

Justin squeezed Brian’s hand. “Take it easy. Let’s hear what he has to say.”

“Welcome to our family property. We are currently roasting a pig in our underground pit.” Malachi pointed towards a raised area that smoked slightly. “We started it at the crack of dawn today and it will be ready for dinner this evening. If any of you care to return for our luau, I think you will enjoy our food, entertainment and hospitality.”

“What about lunch?” some man at one of the tables asked.

“That’s what I was wondering,” Brian snarked.

“Sh,” Justin cautioned. Brian glared at him.

“We have some of the pork from last night’s luau,” Malachi continued.

“Great! Leftovers,” Brian contributed. Justin slapped Brian’s hand.

“We invite you to partake of our buffet which includes traditional dishes like two finger poi. Please, help yourselves. The servers will be happy to explain each dish at the buffet table.”

“I’m hungry,” Justin said getting up and dragging Brian to the front of the line. He grabbed a plate and handed one to Brian.

“This is the two finger poi?” the lady behind the buffet table told them pointing to a purple substance.

“Remember when we had poi at that luau in Florida,” Justin said.

“Yeah, I remember.”

“Poi is made from the taro plant” the lady continued to explain to them and the other people in line. She pointed again to a purple pasty looking substance in a bowl. “The consistency of the poi dictates its name. It is eaten with the fingers traditionally. If it’s runny, that is difficult to scoop up, one finger poi. A little thicker and we call it two finger poi because you can get a good amount on your two fingers.” She demonstrated by dipping her fingers into the purple mixture in a separate bowl in front of her, and then transporting the poi to her mouth. “See,” she said.

“It doesn’t taste very good, does it?” Justin asked, remembering his first time trying poi.

“Most people think it tastes like paste,” the woman said with a straight face. Then she smiled. “It’s an acquired taste. I suggest you try a little bit of everything. Then you can come back for more of the things you like.”

“Good idea,” Justin agreed as he started filling his plate with a small portion of each food item. He carefully read the labels to see what he was getting.

Brian followed behind him, taking a little bit of a few things. Once they were back at their table Justin dug in finding most of the food delicious. Even Brian found several things he liked, and they went back for more. Neither of them liked the poi.

“That lady was right, it must be an acquired taste,” Brian said as he wiped his mouth after Justin forced him to try a bit more of the poi.

“I don’t think I could ever acquire a taste for it,” Justin admitted.

“Once we leave here, there will be no need to acquire a taste for it,” Brian said.

Justin chuckled. “But the other food is really good.”

“Yeah, I guess they feel compelled to give us a taste of Hawaiian tradition with the poi. I bet they have so much left over after each meal that they don’t have to make it again for weeks.”

Justin shook his head. Brian had such a view of the world.

After lunch, two girls came out and danced the hula, asking members of the audience to join them. Justin went readily, dragging Brian with him. Justin’s hula was quite a bit better than Brian’s. He had given Brian’s camera to Malachi who snapped many pictures of the two men. Justin knew he would enjoy looking at them when they got home. This whole day had been great so far.

Following the lunch that far exceeded their expectations, Jack told them that they were going to Wailua Falls which had twin cascades and was made famous on the TV show called Fantasy Island. They would view the falls and then take a boat to the fern grotto.

Brian didn’t really appreciate all the tourist crap they were doing, but Jack hadn’t steered them wrong so far. Wailua Falls was quite spectacular with two cascades of water dropping from 80 feet, as Jack informed them. He also told them that sometimes the water flow was so strong that it became one falls, while at other times it could be one falls or three falls depending on the amount of water.





Brian got many pictures. He could see Justin’s artist’s eye looking at the possibility of painting the falls. They were told they could walk down a steep, slippery trail to the pool of water below the falls, but that it was a rather dangerous trek. In light of their recent misadventures, they decided that they would pass on that hike.

Ollie took them to the boat that sailed the Wailua River to the Fern Grotto. They settled back for the ride, Brian snapping some more pictures when Justin pointed to things of interest.

Upon arriving at the grotto, they were told that this was one of the wettest places in the whole world, getting hundreds of inches of rain each year. That was why there were ferns growing everywhere, out of the rock walls and all over the ground. They were directed to a path that led to the grotto itself which was supposed to have wonderful acoustics, being a natural amphitheater.


 


The path was wet and slippery as they had had a downpour earlier in the day. They made their way up to the grotto which was full of ferns. Brian continued his picture taking while Justin went to test the acoustics by whispering and seeing if Brian could hear him. He could.

As Brian turned around from a picture he had carefully lined up, he saw Justin farther up the path beyond where everyone else was.

“Justin,” Brian called, a frown on his face. “Be careful.”

“I’m fine,” Justin said just as his feet slipped out from under him and he sat down very hard on his well endowed ass. Not only did he fall but he started to bounce down the wet path his bum landing on each rock as he slid down. Brian ran over to grab him just as he came to a stop at the Fern Grotto.

“Are you okay?” Brian asked helping his husband up.

“Yeah, but my bum is going to be sore.” Justin rubbed his ass gingerly.

“Great!” Brian said looking at the wet back of Justin’s shorts. Another disaster to add to their honeymoon misadventures.

Chapter 8 by SabinaThymeSunshine

It's All Down Hill From Here

Chapter 8





“Morning, Angelica,” Justin said trying to be cheerful. He sat down carefully at the small table in the kitchen. His ass was sore, and not for the usual reasons. His slide down the rocky path at the Fern Grotto had left some bruises on his bountiful butt. Sitting was not that pleasant an experience at the moment.

“Good morning, Mr. Justin, where is Mr. Brian?”

“He’s in the shower.”

“I wanted to show you gentlemen what Kilauea is doing since you were over on the Big Island.” She flipped on the TV and turned up the sound.

“The river of lava has expanded in size overnight,” the reporter’s voice explained. “It has made its way to the sea where you can see the plumes of steam created as the hot magma enters the ocean. Luckily no homes or villages stand in the path of the eruption.”

“Wow!” Justin responded. “That’s amazing.”

“Lava is the lifeblood of these islands but it can also be very destructive,” Angelica counseled. Then she frowned. “You gentlemen didn’t pick up any pieces of lava while you were on the Big Island, did you?”

“Lava?” Justin asked.

“It is legend that when someone tries to remove rocks from Hawaii, Pele is very unhappy and bad luck ensues for the people taking the rock.”

“You…You think that’s why we’ve been having all this bad luck with falls and sunburn and…”

“I’m just asking, Mr. Justin. If you have any island rock, I would suggest you put it back.”

“I don’t have any rock. I wouldn’t do such a thing,” Justin declared.

“Neither would I,” Brian said as he entered the kitchen and heard the end of the conversation.

“I’m very glad to hear that,” Angelica replied as she starting pouring coffee for the men. “Pele is not happy these days, and we don’t want to anger her any more.”

When she went back to the stove to finish making breakfast, Justin whispered to Brian, “You don’t have a hunk of rock squirreled away somewhere, do you?”

“No, I most certainly do not. When have you known me to collect rocks, let alone steal them?”

“I know how much you like to get your rocks off,” Justin said with a chuckle.

“Not the same thing at all.”

“I had to ask with all the bad luck we’ve…”

“It’s not bad luck,” Brian declared. “We’ve just had a few mishaps.”

“Me more than you.”

“Well, let’s make sure we don’t have any more while we’re here.”

Justin nodded his head in agreement. That was exactly what he intended to do.



*****



The next few days the boys decided would be much safer spent at the estate. The estate was so vast that one could spend several days exploring it and still have more to see. They walked through the gardens, swam in the luxurious pool and made love in the hidden alcoves, being careful of Justin’s sore bum, of course.

Justin did take Brian’s suggestion about asking Angelica regarding the various plants and flowers in the garden. She assured her young temporary master that all the flowers were ‘user’ friendly but warned him to look before poking his nose in too close. Justin took her warning seriously and spent many happy hours sketching.

On a couple of evenings the boys decided to go back to Squeeze with their new friends, after enjoying leisurely dinners at local restaurants. Brian even allowed himself to be coerced into a very touristy night club tour one night. By the time the boys made it home, they flopped into bed, exhausted.

“I guess this makes it official,” Brian declared from his pillow.

“Makes what official?”

“I am officially old,” Brian stated with an exhausted grunt.

“You’re not old, just aged to perfection,” Justin pronounced. “And if I’m not mistaken, you lasted longer on the dance floor than Paul and Martin.”

“Well, I have good incentive,” Brian said as he found Justin’s hand under the sheets then laced his fingers through Justin’s.

“My big Smoosh!” Justin stated before he cuddled close then they both fell asleep.



*****



“So what shall we do today? We’ll be leaving on that jet plane for home soon,” Brian said almost relieved to be going home. The past few days had been accident free and Brian wanted to keep it that way. The boys were currently enjoying brunch on the lanai.

“I noticed a stable at the other end of the estate,” Justin said.

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because your ass just recovered from bouncing down the cliff. And now you want to take your chances on a horse?”

“We’ve gone riding at the farm with the kids. It’s not like we’re entering the derby. Come on, Brian, it’ll be fun. I’m sure there’s a trail we can take. We’ll go slow.”

“You promise no hurdle jumping?” Brian asked, giving in to his mate’s pleading blue eyes.

“I promise,” Justin said as he raised his hand as if taking a solemn vow. “I’ll go so slow that you could walk faster than my horse.” Brian snorted but nodded his consent. “You will come with me, won’t you?”

“Don’t I always?” Brian said with smirk.

They finished their brunch then decided to walk off their meal by strolling to the stable.



*****



“This is Pele,” the stable hand told Justin as he adjusted the stirrups under Justin’s feet.

“Isn’t there some sort of rule against naming animals after gods?” Brian asked arching his brow with suspicion.

“Perhaps,” the man said as he gave the old mare a gentle pat. “It is true that Pele is the goddess of fire and this gentle lady did have such fire in her time. Now she is content to spend her days peacefully. But her coat still shines fire-red in the sun. I think Pele is pleased with her namesake.”

“Will she be all right to ride? I’m not too heavy for her, am I?” Justin asked with concern, looking down at the horse.

“As long as you don’t plan to have her gallop across the grounds, she’ll be fine. She needs to stretch her legs so she won’t get fat. No offence, my beauty,” he said addressing the horse then nuzzling her soft nose with his own.

“And is this horse named for a god?” Brian asked cautiously as he surveyed the horse he had been assigned.

“Ah, yes, this is the noble Maui of the land of the long white cloud. Maui was a superb fishman,” the groom informed them. The gelding was cloud white with a few dark grey spots on his hind quarters.

“I guess that would be helpful if I was planning to do some fishing, but I’ve had enough of the Pacific Ocean to last me a lifetime.” Brian rubbed at a healing bruise on his arm. “But he is beautiful,” Brian admitted, giving his steed a scratch between his ears. “Any instructions?”

“Just stick to the graveled path. We keep it well manicured and the path will eventually bring you back here. You won’t have any trouble but I would suggest wearing hats. The sun is very strong.”

The men nodded in agreement, they had no wish to repeat their earlier experiences with sunburn. Both men were carrying wide-brimmed straw hats to protect them from the sun and several bottles of water in Justin’s bag. The groom relayed his last minute tips then sent Brian and Justin on their way.

“It’s so quiet here. All I can hear is the sound of the waves,” Justin remarked, not expecting any response. They had been riding for about twenty minutes, the horses walking at a slow pace. “Bri, did you ever want to live by the shore?”

“I never really gave it much thought. When I was a kid, I just wanted out of the house. When I got older, I wanted out of the Pitts. Something like this was just a picture in a book. It had nothing to do with my reality,” Brian explained.

Justin thought that was so sad. Their lives were so idyllic and had been for so many years, Justin sometimes forgot about their past, especially Brian’s.

“We can afford a summer home someplace on a beach somewhere. I bet the kids would love it,” Justin said.

“Justin, if you’d like a place on a beach somewhere then say the word and we’ll ask your mother to check it out. But I’m very happy with our cottage on our lane. It has everything I ever wanted or could possibly dream of.”

Justin, struck by Brian’s sincerity, twisted in his saddle to give Brian a smile. The sudden shift in weight made the old mare stumble for a moment. Justin grabbed the horn of the saddle, dropping the reins. The mare took off, looping around the path to head back to the safety of the stable. Justin, not having that much experience on a horse, hung onto the horn trying not to fall off.

“Justin!” Brian shouted then took off after his husband. He followed as closely as he could without spooking Pele any more than necessary.

As they got closer to the stable, Brian could see that the main door was closed. If Justin couldn’t get control of his horse, he’d slam into the wall above the door.

“Justin, let go!”

“What?” Justin shouted back.

“Let go. Jump off. NOW!” Brian screamed.

Justin, trusting that somehow Brian would make it right, let go of the horn. He rolled off the horse with his arms automatically guarding his head. He landed with a thud on the thick sandy surface of the stable grounds. Brian reined in his horse then jumped down to get to his lover.

“Justin! Justin!”

“I’m okay, I think,” Justin replied half in shock and half grateful to be off the horse.

“Can you stand?”

“Yeah, I think so.” As Brian helped Justin to stand, the grooms came running to help and control the horses. “Ow!”

“What? Did you hit your head?” Brian asked with worry.

“My arm.”

Brian panicked for a second thinking Justin hurt the arm that had residual damage from the bashing.

“No, the other one,” Justin said in a surprisingly calm voice. Henry and Angelica came running. They had been notified and drove to the stable in a golf cart that they used to traverse the estate.

“I called for an ambulance,” Angelica said. “I don’t think it’s broken.”

“Then why can’t I move it.”

“I think it’s dislocated,” Henry declared.

They sat on a bench near the stable, waiting for the ambulance. Brian and Justin looked at each other.

“Pele is not happy,” they said together.



*****



A few hours later Brian and Justin returned to the estate driven by Henry in the limo. Angelica rushed out to see how they were. Brian got out of the limo first, looking tired and worried.

“How is he?” Angelica asked. “Did they keep him in the hospital?”

Brian shook his head, and stood aside as Justin hauled himself out of the limo. His left arm was in a sling.

“Oh my God,” Angelica gasped. “Is it broken?”

Justin shook his head. “Dislocated shoulder. They put it back in place. I have to keep it in a sling for a few weeks.”

“I’m so sorry,” Angelica said.

“It’s not your fault … or Pele’s. I decided to jump off the horse. I have to suffer the consequences.”

“It could have been much worse from what the stable hand told me,” Henry informed them. “Pele gets skittish when she’s frightened, and she was heading for the closed barn door. You could have been even more seriously injured.”

“I know,” Justin said shaking his head. “Brian told me to jump off when I did. It was the best thing to do.”

“And now we suffer the consequences,” Brian replied with a sorrowful look on his face.

“Is there anything I can do, anything I can get you?” Angelica asked.

Justin shook his head. “I think I’d like to lie down for a while.”

“Of course, rest is the best thing,” Angelica replied.

Justin walked slowly towards the house. Brian stepped beside Angelica.

“Can you ask Pele to stop?” he whispered in her ear. “This is too much.”

“I’ll see if I can put in a good word,” Angelica promised. “But Pele seems to be in a very bad mood these days.

“Don’t we know it!” Brian said as he followed Justin into the house.



*****



The boys decided they were not leaving the estate until it was time to return to Pittsburgh. They had had enough problems during this trip. They would lay by the pool and bask in the … shade. No more disasters for them.

Justin’s shoulder was quite painful, so there was no sex for Brian for a couple of nights, until Justin felt up to participating. Justin tried to be cheerful and cooperative, but that wasn’t always easy when he was in pain.

They talked to Bree on the phone one more time. Brian and Justin decided not to mention their mishaps to anyone at home. They didn’t want them worrying, and they didn’t like to admit all the problems they had had.

With very little time left in Hawaii Brian got out his camera and started going around the estate taking pictures of everything they had enjoyed, and also the things that hadn’t turned out so well. He photographed the ocean where he had almost been swept away. In fact he found the breakers fascinating. He spent over an hour photographing the ever changing water. Justin came with him, but Brian made sure his spouse had a palm tree or an outcropping of rock to sit under. No more sunburn for his injured mate.

Brian even walked back to the stables with Justin. Justin brought a carrot for Pele letting her know that all was forgiven. It hadn’t really been the horse’s fault. She had been frightened. Pele accepted the carrot eagerly while Justin rubbed her nose. All seemed to be forgiven. Brian took her picture, and also one of Maui to whom he fed a carrot of his own. He would have a remembrance of their riding adventure on film.

On the way back Brian noted a huge tree that was growing in a secluded area of the estate. “Look at the size of that thing,” Brian said, walking towards the tree.

“Be careful,” Justin cautioned. “It looks large enough to be a man-eater, and with our luck it probably is.”

Brian snorted. “I wonder what it is,” Brian asked looking at the multitude of trunks that seemed to hold up a huge umbrella of leaves.






“We could ask Angelica,” Justin suggested.

“It’s a lot cooler under the tree,” Brian said as Justin joined him in the shade of the large tree.

“I’m feeling a little hot and tired,” Justin admitted as the coolness of the shade felt so good.

“Okay, Sunshine, back to the house for you,” Brian said taking Justin’s good hand and heading for the house.

Justin allowed himself to be led back to the house where Angelica pampered them with lemonade and some small sandwiches she had made for them.

“I think she feels guilty that we’ve had so many mishaps,” Justin said as Angelica went back inside to get the plate of raw vegetables that she had prepared for them.

“I wouldn’t be surprised,” Brian said. “But none of it is her fault.”

“No it isn’t, but you have to admit that this has been one weird honeymoon.”

“Everything we do is weird, Sunshine,” Brian said with a chuckle.

“Yeah, I suppose it is,” Justin said thoughtfully. “You know…”

“What?” Brian asked when Justin seemed lost in thought.

“This has been a great holiday.”

“Are you fucking kidding me?” Brian asked in disbelief.

“No, think about it. I have a million ideas of things to paint, and the colors, omigod, the colors! And we met some great people and we did have fun.”

Brian shook his head. “That’s why I keep you around, Sunshine. You are my sunshine. Even with a dislocated shoulder you can see the bright side.”

“You’re a very lucky man,” Angelica said as she set down a small tray of veggies and dip.

“Yes I am,” Brian agreed. “Angelica, would you sit down for a minute? I have a couple of questions for you.”

“Certainly, Mr. Brian.” Angelica sat down at the table with the two men.

“Do you know what that large tree not too far from the stables is?” Brian asked.

“Yes, it’s a banyan.”

“Banyan?” Brian asked. He wasn’t familiar with that type of tree at all. “It seems to have many trunks. Is it all one tree or many trees that get joined together?”

“Most of those trunks are actually roots. The tree drops roots down which enter the ground and act as supports for the weight of the tree as it continues to expand.”

“Wow!” Justin said. “It was so much cooler under the tree than outside of it.”

“In many places the banyan tree acts as a community meeting place,” Angelica explained. “A whole village could assemble under a large banyan in the olden days.”

“I bet,” Brian agreed. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

“The banyan isn’t native to Hawaii, but there are many that have been planted on the islands. One of the largest in the world is on Maui, right in the middle of the city of Lahaina. I’m sure the city grew up around the tree.”

“I’d like to take some pictures of the banyan here on the property,” Brian said.

“Of course,” Angelica assured him. “You may take pictures of anything you wish, but it would be worth a trip to Maui to photograph the really big banyan.”

“I don’t think so,” Brian said firmly. “We don’t need any more problems.”

Angelica smiled knowingly. “Of course, whatever you wish.”

“Justin would like a picture of you and Henry.” Justin gave Brian a look but didn’t say anything. “I thought maybe we could take it at the banyan tree.”

“Certainly. I’ll let Henry know and we will do it after you finish your snack.”

“Thanks,” Brian said as Angelica went back into the kitchen.

“Justin wants a picture of Angelica and Henry?” Justin asked skeptically.

“Well you do, don’t you?” Brian asked.

“Well, yeah, but…”

“I’m just taking care of your every want and need.”

Justin chuckled giving his husband an affectionate look. He knew who the real softie was.



*****



“That’s good,” Brian said as Henry and Angelica stood in front of the banyan tree. He snapped a couple of shots. “Go under a little further,” Brian urged. “The light and shadow will make an interesting shot.” Angelica and Henry moved back into the shade. Brian snapped some more pictures. “Justin, let’s get one of you with them.” Justin moved under the tree and Brian took the shot. “I’d like to get a picture of the whole tree,” Brian said. “Come out in the sun and stand together.” The group accommodated Brian who started backing up, trying to get the whole massive tree into the shot. He kept stepping back farther and farther but was still unable to get a shot that included the whole tree. “Shit!” he griped as he stepped back even farther.

The back of his sandal landed on a tree root from another tree. His foot slipped off the root, twisting and throwing Brian off balance. The camera flew up in the air, as Brian’s hands went down to stop his fall. But the camera was attached to him by the strap around his neck. It came crashing back down hitting him in the side of his head. At the same time Brian knew he couldn’t stop the fall.

“Brian, Mr. Brian!” the group called to him as they rushed forward.

It was all too late. Brian went down twisting his ankle underneath him. The camera swung unharmed around his neck – not so, the spot on his right cheek where it had hit him. He let out a loud groan as he felt his ankle twist painfully.

“Brian, are you all right?” Justin gasped as he reached his husband’s side.

“My ankle,” Brian moaned as he managed to turn and sit with his leg extended.

“It’s already starting to swell,” Angelica said, before rushing to the house for an ice pack.

“I’ll get the car,” Henry said rushing off.

“Back to emergency,” Justin said ruefully.

“How much time have we spent there already?” Brian asked of no one in particular. He didn’t even want to think about that.

“More than enough.”

“Mr. Brian, let me help you into the car,” Henry said as he brought the Mercedes to a stop near Brian. He jumped out to help Justin get Brian into the back seat. Angelica arrived with an ice pack wrapped in a towel. She placed it on Brian’s ankle before the car drove off.

“What was that doctor’s name in the ER?” Brian asked. “The one who looked after your shoulder?”

“Dr. Kavanagh I think,” Justin responded.

“I think he’s our new best friend until we leave these scenic isles.” Brian closed his eyes and leaned against Justin. Some honeymoon, he thought.

Chapter 9 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

It's All Down Hill From Here

Epilogue






Brian and Justin were all packed and ready to go home. They were giving the master bedroom one last inspection before going out into the main portion of the house. Justin had become more than a little anxious about the long flight back. Even in first class, a full plane would be noisy and crowded. Justin was not looking forward to being bumped and jostled.

“Don’t worry, Sunshine, I have it under control,” Brian reassured Justin, almost reading his mind.

“What did you do?”

“I know you think I’m a snob about certain things but the thought of spending eight hours in a crowded plane was making my dick soft. I exchanged our tickets for a private charter.”

“Brian!” Justin was astounded. “A private plane? That has got to be...”

“Not as expensive as you think and not a private plane. It’s a small charter for businessmen. I think we qualify. We’ll have more room and less risk of someone bumping into your arm.”

“Or your leg; I get it. But a private plane,” Justin said in exasperation but more than a little grateful at Brian’s ingenuity.

“We can afford it.”

“That’s not the point.”

“The point is - do you want to take the chance of someone bumping into your arm as they walk past you in the aisle? Justin, indulge me, please. I want to get us home, in one piece,” Brian said as he tucked the crutches under his arms then held his arms open for Justin.

“More or less,” Justin murmured as he walked into Brian’s arms, mindful of his own arm and Brian’s bad foot.



*****



“I could have cooked,” Angelica stated as she smoothed down the front of her skirt then reluctantly picked up her menu.

“Angelica, the point of us taking you and Henry out for lunch is that you don’t cook,” Brian stated using his ‘don’t mess with me’ tone of voice.

The boys wanted to do something nice for Henry and Angelica since they had not only put up with them for two weeks, they also took care of them throughout each disaster. The boys decided to take them and their two new friends out for a nice meal in the very best restaurant that they could find - that was relatively close to the airport. Brian did not want to rush through their meal or rush to the airport. The group included Paul and Martin, not only because Brian and Justin had grown fond of them, but also due to cool levelheadedness during the aftermath of all the accidents.

“But...”

“Angelica, Brian and I really appreciate all your help, and Henry’s. You’ve been more than just a housekeeper and driver to us,” Justin said trying to be reasonable.

“Well, if you put it that way,” Angelica conceded. The only reason they let Henry drive was he knew the best routes and it was just easier that way.

They ordered then settled back to enjoy their remaining time together.

“Do you think you’ll ever come back again? Hawaii really is a beautiful place,” Paul ventured as they were eating their salads. “It’s the reason why I moved here.”

“I know your children would love it,” Angelica added and the men nodded.

Brian cringed at the thought. Justin patted his hand. “I’m sure Bree would love the garden. Gus would like it too.”

“Especially if we took his boyfriend with us,” Brian snorted.

“Boyfriend? I thought your children were young,” Martin said. On cue, the boys took out their wallets brimming with pictures of all the children in the family.

“She’s beautiful!” Angelica exclaimed. “She looks just like you,” she said to Justin. Brian beamed as he nodded.

“Yeah, but her outlook on life is all Brian!” Justin chuckled as Brian gave him a scowl.

“Is that a polite way of saying that she has Brian’s attitude?” Martin asked. The table snickered.

“That would be a resounding, yes,” Justin emphatically stated then gave his spouse a little peck on the cheek to take away the sting. Brian cocked his head as his mouth formed a crooked little smile. He couldn’t deny that Bree had a lot of his personality but with all of Justin’s sweetness.

“And this handsome young man is your son,” Henry said.

“Yes, he’s in college now,” Brian said proudly. The table waited further explanation. “A close friend and her partner at the time wanted a child; I made a donation,” Brian said with a self deprecating shrug.

“It was more than that,” Justin added. “He and Gus are very close. Gus is an artist like his mother but wants to follow in Brian’s footsteps. One day he’ll take over Kinnetik.” Brian and Justin beamed with pride.

“And is Gus’s mother the mother of this little princess?” Martin asked. Paul suspected that Martin had a desire for children.

“No, we hired a surrogate,” Justin explained.

Then the conversation drifted toward how each of the children of their ‘family’ came to be.

“I know Bree would love to visit Hawaii and maybe someday we’ll come back, but I’d really be afraid that she’d get sunburned. If you think that Justin’s skin is pale, you should see Bree. And Patrick has his Poppa’s fair skin. Gus has my skin,” Brian explained.

“Then maybe we’ll just have to move in with you guys while you stay,” Paul said, very pleased with himself. “I’m a pretty good doctor,” he stated buffing his nails on his shirt. They all laughed.

“Excellent idea! And of course, you’ll need a medic. I’m much better in an emergency that he is,” Martin stated, tooting his own horn just to tease his partner.

While Angelica and Henry laughed, as Paul and Martin teased and bickered, Brian and Justin sat back and reflected.

“In spite of all the ‘mishaps’ as you’re so fond of calling them, I did have a good time,” Brian stated.

“Yeah, I did too but I think it was because of them,” Justin said, cocking his chin toward their new friends.

“We seem to find family wherever we go, don’t we, Sunshine?” Brian asked with love glittering in his eyes.

“Yes, we do,” Justin whispered. “And thank you for my honeymoon and for getting us on that charter plane. I love you.” Justin gave Brian a discreet peck on the lips.

“Love you too, Sunshine,” Brian murmured back.

A clearing of the throat got Brian’s attention. “We should get you to the airport,” Henry suggested. Brian gave the man a small smile as he nodded in agreement. Brian signaled for the check and then their party slowly made their way back to the car.

“Are you sure you don’t want us to go with you to help?” Martin asked.

“We’ll be fine,” Justin said as he gave his new friend a one-armed hug.

Gingerly the boys hugged both men then allowed Henry and Angelica to help them into the car. With promises from Paul and Martin to visit if they came back East, Brian and Justin drove off.

“I hope they make it to the airport without any problems,” Paul said as he watched Henry drive them out of the restaurant parking lot. “I hope they make it home without any more problems,” he quickly amended his statement.

“From your lips to Pele’s ears, Babe,” Martin said as they turned toward their own vehicle.



*****



“Bri, how are we gonna get home?” Justin asked as they settled into the back of the Mercedes. Angelica was sitting up front with Henry.

“I called John; he’ll meet us when we land.”

“He’s not bringing the whole family is he?” Justin pleaded with his eyes.

“No, I asked him to come alone.”

“Does he know what happened to us?”

Brian shook his head. “No, I didn’t want everyone to worry. I told him that I fell and wasn’t moving very fast; I left it at that. He’s smart; he’ll know not to crowd the whole family into the Navigator.”

Justin nodded then rested his head on Brian’s shoulder. They remained quiet for the journey to the airport.



*****



“We’ve had hundreds of guests at the estate but none as memorable as you,” Angelica said with tears in her eyes as she gently hugged the boys. Henry had pulled up to the designated drop-off section for the private charters. Both he and Angelica quickly got out of the car to help Brian and Justin.

“Well, I am unforgettable,” Brian snarked as he mustered up some of the Brian Kinney arrogance. Justin rolled his eyes.

“We won’t forget either of you. Promise me, if you ever decide to fly off this island that’ll you’ll visit us,” Justin made Angelica and Henry promise.

“We promise,” Henry answered. Angelica was too busy crying.

“If you bring your little princess, I’ll have an extra strong sunblock made just for her,” Angelica said into Brian’s ear then she kissed both his cheeks before letting him go. Brian nodded but said nothing; he was going to miss them.

A valet came to the curb to tend to their bags. Brian had gifts and extra purchases Fedex’d to Kinnetik, except for Bree's charm and Gus’ bracelet. He had contacted Ted to take charge of them. It was then that Brian had learned of the Memorial Day barbecue plans, but decided to say nothing to Justin for the moment. Neither of them were in a party mood.

Angelica and Henry watched as Brian and Justin hobbled off into the terminal. They had plenty of time to check in and rest before boarding.

“Do you think they’ll be all right?” Angelica asked her husband as they drove out of the airport. She turned on the radio to the local news station. The announcer stated that Kilauea was quiet for the moment.

“Pele is happy,” was all Henry would say.



*****



The long flight home was uneventful. The boys would have a day and a half to rest up before the family would descend upon them at Edna’s Treasures. Eventually, Brian revealed the plans about the barbecue and that the family had already decided to take charge so that the boys would have nothing to do but sit back and let it happen.

“I thought you said you didn't tell them what happened to us,” Justin said when Brian told him about the barbecue.

“I didn't.”

“Maybe someone’s psychic.”

“Or maybe they had a call from ‘Mysterious Marilyn,” Brian snarked making quote marks in the air and humming the Twilight Zone theme song. “All I know is that Emmett, Debbie and John have it all arranged,” Brian growled. His leg was beginning to throb and he suspected that Justin was growing more uncomfortable as well.

“Want something for the pain?” Justin asked. Between him and the steward, they rearranged Brian’s leg on some pillows.

“No, I just want to sleep. What about you?”

“I want to sleep too.” The steward brought them an extra blanket so that Brian could drape it onto Justin. Justin leaned his good shoulder onto Brian then fell asleep. Brian watched his sleeping spouse for a while. The lights dimmed and soon he too was asleep.



*****



“Unca John, will Daddy and Dada be surprised to see me?” Bree had begged and pleaded to be allowed to go to the airport to pick up her daddies. They were flying into Harrisburg instead of Pittsburgh.

“I’m sure they will but remember, princess, they’re going to be very tired and they may even be grumpy after their long flight. We must keep quiet and no pouncing on them,” John counseled.

“I promise, Unca John.”

The private terminal was quiet compared to the rest of the airport. Brian and Justin’s plane landed and all the passengers deplaned quickly. The boys were the last off. Brian conceded to the wheelchair ride into the terminal as Justin walked close behind. With help from the steward Brian stood up and got his crutches under him to finish the journey over to the baggage claim. Slowly the pair made their way over to their bags.

Bree, in John’s arms, spotted them first.

“Daddy! Dada!” Her clear voice echoed through the terminal. John tightened his grip on his niece who was bouncing in his arms then strode over.

“What the fuck happened?” John demanded as he took a good look at the exhausted and injured men.

Brian and Justin glanced at each other and then at John and Bree.

“Pele wasn’t happy.”

-TBC-

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1376