Love at First Bite II by MissMerlot, PCBeachlover
Summary:

It has been two years since The Avenue was liberated from Michael and Lindsay, but now they are coming back and bringing enemies and friends with them. Brian, Justin, The Family and The Avenue are determined to right a wrong, save an innocent and protect their Duchess. But can they do it and if so what will the cost to Brian and Justin be?

 

Disclaimer: we own nothing, no copyright infringement is intended whatsoever.

 


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Brandon, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Daphne Chanders, David Cameron, Debbie Novotny, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, James 'Hunter' Montgomery, Jennifer Taylor, Jenny Rebecca Marcus-Peterson, Justin Taylor, Kiki, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Molly Taylor, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Other Cast Regulars, Ted Schmidt
Tags: 100k+ Word Count, Anal Beads, Anal Sex (Lots of it!), Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, Bondage, Bottom Brian, Brain Bleach Recommended, Celebratory Fuck, Dirty Talk, Established Relationship, Family, Fluff, Friendship, Hatred, Masturbation , Michael/Other, Minor Violence, Orgasm Delay/Denial, Raw Sex, Responsible Justin, Rimming, Sex Toys, Spanking, Toppy Justin, Vulnerable Brian, Vulnerable Justin
Genres: Alternate Canon, Alternate Universe, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Drama, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Porny
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Debbie/Carl, Emmett/Other
Challenges: None
Series: Food of Love
Chapters: 57 Completed: Yes Word count: 130916 Read: 130017 Published: Dec 10, 2018 Updated: Jul 11, 2021
The Blame Game...And Someone is Happy! by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 32 - THE BLAME GAME...AND SOMEONE IS HAPPY!


CARL


He is just opening and closing his mouth. “So care to explain what you are doing here?” I demand. “Especially since you should’ve checked into the custody house yesterday?!”


“We lost track of time.” Nancy looks ‘contrite’. “We apologise for that. We were on our way back when we realised...”


“Yes, that’s it.” Michael nods furiously. “What are you doing here?”


“Just checking on the cabin for Brian and Justin. They want…”


“Brian and Justin have a cabin?” He frowns. “Around here? Where?!” 


“Just up the road. They are going to stay there for a few days now that he has been discharged. Ems is going to keep an eye on Britin whilst they are gone.”


“Honeycutt? Why would Honeycutt be in Britin?!” Michael glares.


“He’s not in Britin, he’s in his cottage, which is on the grounds of Britin. Brian and Justin let him stay there when he’s in the Pitts.” His eyes bulge and his jaw tightens. “But back to this cabin, what are you doing in here, it’s been closed down for years?”


“Years?” Nancy echoes. “Ah, that explains it!” She grins. “The lack of food, this belongs to my dear friend, George. Since neither Michael nor I are on tag as such, we can move about at will.”


“True.” I nod. “But you still should’ve checked in, both of you, if only to say where you were.” 


“Yes, we should. Again, we are sorry for that.” Michael simpers and I want to coldcock the little shit!


“Well, come on, I might as well give you a lift back.” 


“Oh, thanks!” Nancy beams. “Give us a few minutes to collect our things!”


MASTER BEDROOM - TWO MINUTES LATER


NANCY


“You must ask about Brian!” I hiss at a fuming Michael. “What’s wrong?”


“A cottage, he is letting that creature feature queen stay in one of his cottages! I didn’t even know he had a cottage on the grounds!” He seethes.


“And we are on the cusp of getting away with poisoning him, you need to focus on that! Now go and collect your stuff!”


“True!” He smirks. “Two minutes!”


CAR BACK TO CUSTODY HOUSE - HALF AN HOUR LATER


CARL


They haven’t said anything since they got in the car. I am about to speak when he clears his throat.


“I know that Brian and I are no longer friends, and part of me wishes we were still. How is he? The last we saw was him being taken away in an ambulance.”


“Oh, he’s fine. Fully recovered.” I reply, keeping my eyes on the road.


“So, what was wrong with him?” Nancy asks.


“He had an underlying issue with an ulcer, which almost burst on him.” He looks surprised. “Seems he has been under a lot of stress lately…”


“From what I have seen and heard, he does seem to have a rather demanding husband and circle of so called friends.” Nancy comments, whilst he smirks. “I take it we will be required back on duty?”


“Yes, obviously you need to check in with Kiki and Debs, so I am taking you to the diner first.”


“Obviously.” Michael remarks before he settles back in his seat. 


The rest of the journey was spent in silence.


DINER - FORTY MINUTES LATER


CARL


I shut the door behind us. “Hey, honey, where…”


“Oh, Carl!” Debs sobs as she flies into my arms. “I can’t believe it, he’s gone! He’s gone!”


“Who’s gone?! What happened?!”


“Brian, he’s dead!”


“What?! When?!” 


I can't believe this!


“Here, Debs, take this…” Kiki sniffs as she hands her a glass of, what I assume is brandy, I help Debs to drink. “...ten minutes after you left, Justin called to say that Brian wasn’t feeling well again, so he was going to take him to the hospital, never made it.”


“Carl, let me take my Ma…” Michael steps towards us. 


“No! I don’t want you anywhere near me!” Debs screams. “You caused this! If you had just left him alone to love Justin, then none of all of this shit would’ve happened!”


“Ma! I…”


“No, no more Ma!” Debs yells.


“Is someone with Justin?” I sniff.


“Yeah. Slick is there.” Ben sighs as he comes out from the kitchen. “She and Lindsay are doing the best that they can. Just can’t believe he’s gone.”


“Christ, the children! Where are Mel, Lucy and the kids?!” I demand.


“On their way to Britin.” Ben replies. “Jennifer is also on her way. This is such a mess, but at least he died happy, living his best life with the man he loved.”


“Why is Lindsay there?! Me as his best…” Michael starts to sob. “...oh God, I can’t believe that he’s gone!”


“Oh, save the shark tears!” Ben snarls. “You never wanted anybody for Brian but you, and because of your determination to be Mr Brian Kinney, you caused him nothing but stress and anxiety...” 


“I didn’t! I didn’t do any of this!” Michael wails and slumps to the floor sobbing. “Brian, oh god, Brian!”


I jump as the door is knocked on and let in Brandon. “What are you doing here?” 


“Grimm, Roman, and Snook are on their way up, Twinkle wanted to get some lemon bars, their Justin’s favourites, and I…”


“Can you take me to him? Please, Brandon! Oh my poor Sunshine!” Debs weeps. “Kiki can…”


“Way ahead of you.” Kiki sobs. “Never thought I would see the day, thought I would be long gone before him!”


“What the hell are those freaks doing in Britin?!” Michael screams as he stands. “No! No fucking way! Tell them to turn back!”


“I think it is up to Justin who he wants in his house!” Brandon snaps. 


“It’s not his house! It's Brian’s house, and…”


“Please stop shouting!” Nancy orders. “Michael, right now, you must see that they blame you. Everything is still raw, people are in shock. Let them take this on board. Now, Kiki, is there anything we can do here to help. No, Michael, do not speak!”


“Blame him? What do you mean blame him, Nancy?” George comes out from the back. “I can’t believe that you don’t you feel you have some blame as well?” 


“Me?! What possible blame could be placed on my shoulders?! And what are you doing here?! I thought you were at CDoAA Convention with...” 


“Well, it was exacerbated by your actions. And by the way, I am pressing charges for breaking and entering. I am not your dear anything! As for why I am here, why, since I am out and proud with a boyfriend, do I need to attend the Closeted Doctors Association of America’s equivalent of a Day and Night White Party?!”


“Closeted…” Nancy goes pale.


“Yes, David is gay. And…”


“George Schickel! You will apologise immediately for defaming the character of my husband, or I shall let him know what you said!!”


“Will you two shut the fuck up?” Michael shrieks. “My best friend is dead! Dead! And you two dare to bitch…”


“You saw Lionel and his partner, Matthias. You were standing right there…” George points to near the back booth. “...when they outed your husband. Or did he convince you of his heterosexuality by giving you a good seeing to when you got home that night?”


“FOR GOD SAKE SHUT UP!” Michael gets between the pair of them. His chest heaves and tears are running down his face. “My best friend is dead. And…”


“What best friend is that?” I whirl around at Justin’s voice!


“What the hell?!” I exclaim. “I thought you were at the house?!” 


“Nope. We were at the loft.” He sniffs. “Debs must have misheard…”


“It doesn’t matter where he was, he is still dead, and….” Michael swallows hard. “...please, can I see him?”


“No. No you can’t!” Slick gasps as she tries to get her breathing under control. “Had to run. Twinkle called, said...said...they were here...tried to stop…” She gestures at Justin.


“I want to press charges against them for murder.” Justin starts to come closer, but Brandon pulls him back. “They killed my husband.”


“We did no such thing!” Nancy exclaims. “We had nothing to do with the...whatever killed him!”


“Walnuts. Him being fed walnuts is what killed him. He was fine, then he had a secondary reaction and his heart, his beautiful heart couldn’t cope.” 


“Walnuts! Why would I or we give Brian walnuts?!” Michael snaps.


“Because you are one of the very few that knew he was allergic. We found the packages, with your fingerprints, both of yours, in the garbage cans out back. You should’ve taken them with you, but then again, you’ve never murdered someone for real before, just killed their happiness!” Justin yells.


SLICK


I shut the door to the kitchen behind me, leaving the only way out being through the front door. “Was it planned? Or was it a spur of the moment thing in the morning?” I ask as I walk towards Nancy. She tracks back to Michael, who is bug eyed, pale and sweating. “I have to say you are doing remarkably well, Justin, much better than me. I have a gun, which I can get with just one text…” They exchange quick looks. “...Twinkle is waiting to hear from me.”


“It was her idea!” Michael exclaims, pointing at Nancy. “Yes, I was mad but…”


“Oh no you don’t! You were the one that said he needed to be taught a lesson in humility!”


“You put walnuts in everything, that’s what you said! Everything!” Michael rages. “I may have…”


“But not the guacamole and pesto, that was you!”


“No, I never put anything anywhere!” He babbles.


“It was his idea to not check in when we heard he was getting worse! And…”


“I am surprised you admitted it so quickly.” Justin whispers. “Thought we would have to drag it out of you.” 


“Justin…” Michael goes to take a step; he stops when I growl. “...and Slick, please. I told her about the allergy, and yes, we both went to get the nuts, but I never put them in!”


“Brandon, can you…” Carl begins, but stops as the door opening brings in more officers. 


“Ben called.” I explain. “Justin, Debs, come on, me and Ben are taking you to Britin. Car is out back. Carl, can you blue light us?” He nods before transferring a shaking Debs into my arms. “Justin, come on. Don’t, don’t give them the pleasure of it all, because I know you. I know you won’t stop.” He remains where he is for a few seconds before nodding and walking past them. When he reaches my side, I breathe easier. 


“Brandon, will you stay and tell The Avenue?” He asks and Brandon nods.


BRITIN - AN HOUR LATER


LOUNGE


JUSTIN


“In fairness to him, it wasn’t Brian’s idea.” I point out, but instead of the fury we are expecting, Carl starts to smile. “Okay what?”


“I knew he was alive.” Carl chuckles. “Albeit not immediately, but definitely when Slick came in and said her piece, I knew he was still with us.”


“Couldn’t have you thinking that the entire time.” Slick kisses his cheek. “Which bit clicked for you?”


“I have a gun. You said at his graveside, that you would never own a gun, that’s when I knew.” Carl takes Annabee off of Brian, who is stretched out on the sofa, oblivious to our presence. Seems they had both dozed off. Her place is swiftly taken over by Baggie, who drops his anvil head onto his chest and chuffs a slobbery sigh, which of course wakes Brian up.


“Ew! Baggie!” He exclaims, wiping his face.


I can’t help the grin, how he missed him! I know he loves him, but not until he came home from the hospital, did I realise exactly how much...


Start of flashback

BRITIN - EVENING OF BRIAN’S DISCHARGE


JUSTIN


“It is so good to be home! So good!” Brian declares as he locks the door behind me, then pins me against said door with a kiss. “God, I needed that!”


“Me too!” I giggle before nipping his Adam’s apple. “First things first, you need to have a long soak, and…”


“No, first I need to go to Ems and get the boys!” He ruffles his hair, before dropping a kiss on my forehead. He grabs his ‘walking jacket’ and heads to the back door, whistling. “Did you prepare any of their food?” He calls over his shoulder.


“Yes, but I don’t think…” 


“Great, see you in a few!” He trills, marching to the cottage, humming as he goes.


“This is such a bad idea!” I shout, but he doesn’t return. “Oh crap, I need help!” I cry, and reach for my phone.


“Cavalry's already here!” Ben laughs as he steps out of the lounge with a head shaking Gus. “Why does he do this to himself?” 


“Don’t know, Uncle Ben.” Gus snickers. “Shall we go to the kitchen and wait?”


“Yes, let’s! Oh the door, get the back door!” I snort, and we take our seats at the table. “How long do you….” I am stopped by two things: one, a text from Ems saying he couldn't hold him, then my phone blares into life. “Hell…”


“Justin! Justin!” Brian pants. “Open the back door! Open the back door now!”


“Stud, are you okay?” I simper.


“Justin! Baggie is...oh fuck. JUSTIN!” 


“It’s open, you doofus!” I giggle, but before I can get to it he comes flying in, slams it shut, then sinks to the floor in relief. He takes a few minutes to collect himself and when he raises his head from his hands he is stunned at those who are assembled. “So, how pleased was he?”


“Very…” He clears his throat as he stands up. “...I think he might have dislocated Ems’s shoulder!”


“Dad, he hasn’t seen you for a week, we’ve been in locked down panic mode. He knows something is wrong. What were you thinking? And especially, why the hell did you want to give him his favourite meal on the first night he sees you?!” 


He smacks himself at the back of his head. “There. Happy?” He glowers at me; I smile and nod. “I think Baloo managed to…”


Whatever he thought Baloo managed to do, he didn’t, as there is an enormous crash of breaking wood and shattering glass as Baggie flies through the back door window. He only comes to a stop with the frame of the window around him by crashing into the pantry cupboard.


“Baggie!” Brian screams.


“What the fuck happened?!” Ems shrieks as he runs in.


“Baggie! Ben, help me!” He cries, we all rush to get the frame off of a still Baggie. “Baggie! Come on boy!” 


“Dad! Don’t jostle him! You could make it worse!” Immediately he stops and when he gently strokes his head, whilst whispering, I have to stop myself from reaching for knives and heading to the precinct! “Auntie Ems, call the vet!” 


“Yes, yes of course!” Ems calls and paces.


“Come on, Ba…” Brian pleads, but whatever he was going to say is moot as Baggie suddenly stands up, shakes his head, then locks onto his most favourite person in the world. “Come here, boy!” 


Baggie squirrels all of himself onto Brian’s lap, puts his front paws on his shoulders, pulls him to his chest then rests his head on the back of Brian’s. Suddenly, he starts to howl and blubber, he is soon followed by Baloo, who is sitting behind Brian as if protecting his back.


I don’t know what to do, they have never been like this with him. I feel a nudge and take the tea towel from Ems, he is using another to wipe his eyes, I can’t see what Ben and Gus are doing as I am crying so much. After about ten minutes, the howling and blubbering stops. We say and do nothing, taking the lead from the boys. This is their time.


Baloo is the first to move. He comes to the front and starts to nose Baggie out of Brian’s lap, and for a second we don’t think he’s going to move, but slowly he does, he doesn’t move too far away, just enough for Baloo to check Brian over. Fifteen minutes later, he chuffs and Baggie howls his delight and ‘wags’ the ten pound iron door stop away from the pantry.


“We need to get a heavier one.” I mutter before looking around our stunned group. “Can he get up now do you think?” I ask nobody in particular.


“Yep." Mom calls out as she makes her way gingerly over the remains of the back door.


“Where were you?” I demand as I help Brian up. “Mom, where?” I prompt.


“With Slick, Debs, and Elspbeth. We’ve had an idea…”

End of flashback  


“You should’ve left him in the kitchen with me!” Ems chuckles. “At least I could’ve kept him distracted with tidbits.” 


“Some help, please?!” Brian orders, between a snickering Slick, Debs, Ems, and I, we manage to wrangle a whimpering Baggie off of him so he can at least sit up. “Baggie, sit and wait!” He orders. Slowly, very slowly but with growling encouragement from Baloo, he sits down. Brian stands, immediately Baggie gets up. “For crying out loud, I am just getting some water!” I try not to cry as Baggie tracks his every step and only sits down when he does. “So, where are they now?”


“On their way to 27th.” Carl replies. “Let me take this little miss up.” Slick shakes her head and takes Annabee upstairs. “So what are you guys going to do?”


“Let them sweat for a bit!” Brian declares as Baggie puts his head in his lap. “They hurt my Baggie, him again…” He takes a few deep breaths. “...he has gash, see, right there.” We gather around and above Baggie’s snout is said gash. “He's the most perfect lummox of a behemoth a dog and they caused him to hurt himself.” Nobody says a word as he stretches out on the sofa then taps his chest, very gently Baggie settles down on him. “So tomorrow morning, let them sweat some more!”

 

End Notes:

Please be construcive and kind. Thanks.

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1385