Strangers in the Night by Sabina
Summary:

 

A dangerous handsome stranger becomes fascinated with the boys.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Original Character, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: None
Genres: Alternate Universe
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 8912 Read: 6316 Published: Mar 22, 2019 Updated: Mar 22, 2019

1. Chapter 1 by Sabina

2. Chapter 2 by Sabina

3. Chapter 3 by Sabina

4. Chapter 4 by Sabina

5. Chapter 5 by Sabina

Chapter 1 by Sabina



Strangers in the Night


Chapter 1



He walks like beauty in the night, always aware, searching, prowling, trolling for fresh meat, a fresh fuck. His struggles and nightmares long gone, now self sufficient in funds so that he can cruise the gay night life wherever his boots may take him. Dark hair, piercing cat green eyes, pale firm, muscular body, dressed all in black. Looking younger than his thirty plus years, he can pick and choose amongst the men and women life throws in his way. And he is determined to have anyone he finds who may satisfy him for the night.


His travels brought him to Pittsburgh seeking a respite from the flashier, more sophisticated cities of the world. Finding a passable hotel in the city close to the gay mecca of the town, he uses it as a temporary refuge and den to bring back his unsuspecting prey. In his former life he would not have been so brazen but now he has nothing to fear, his war is over and he has been granted full immunity. No one is left to care or wonder about him, well almost no one, but that is another story. One that is left to better storytellers than I.


He had heard about Babylon. A place where boys are made into kings and where men of good fortune can have their dreams come true, if only for one night. He decided that he would make his own dreams, live out the anonymous fantasies, fulfilling the fantasies of the men he picks. He chose this night.


He arrived early, picking out a good spot at the lower bar, close to the backroom but close enough to the dance floor where he could survey and take careful aim. He chuckled to himself, taking aim with his eyes not with a gun. No guns necessary anymore.


He is skilled in nursing the vodka in his hand, surprised to find that in this burgh they had his favorite brand. So Lex sat and sipped and waited. He had all the time in the world.


Fascinated to see the club fill up so quickly, he remained seated, quietly drinking, turning down the offers from brainless twinks and overeager queens. A few good-sized bears hovered, reminding him of one large man of his past. But he was not interested. He politely shook his head, no.


A group of interesting young men arrived, taking up the other end of the bar. All friendly, joking, playfully carousing with each other, taking turns dancing with each other. Lex sighed knowing there was no bunch of friends in his solitary life, also knowing he had paid a price for his current life and there was no going back. Living vicariously through others, god he hated that expression but it was the truth. His truth. Shaking off the maudlin pall that seemed to surround him, Lex ordered another drink and continued to wait.


The cute animated brunet with the pouty face nearly bounced into Lex as he waved excitedly up at the catwalk at the pair of men who had just arrived. Lex followed the man's smiling gaze and gasped at the sight of the two exceptionally stunning men who stood at the rail. The older of the two, a gorgeous brunet with auburn highlights that shone when hit by the strobe lights. Tall slim, yet with well defined muscle, a runner's body, very, very pleasing. The tall brunet seemed to also survey the dance floor like a king surveying his realm, rolling his eyes at seeing his friend's frantic waves.


Stepping from behind the gorgeous brunet was an equally beautiful man, golden blond with a stockier, solid build. A look of innocence, a child-like quality in his smile but all knowing are his eyes. The youthful appearance could not hide the true man in his ocean blue eyes. This was no ordinary twink. The taller man violently grabbed the blond in a crushing embrace, declaring his ownership before descending the stairs. When released, the blond backhanded the brunet in the gut and they both laughed. Mister gorgeous took beautiful's hand and they made their way to the dance floor.


Lex stared, astonished as the couple made their journey through the crowd. He watched with awe as the throngs of men parted letting their royal couple pass through then filling in the gap left in their wake. Amazing. He watched as the couple met their friends at the bar, the music too loud to hear the conversations and greetings but close enough to read their lips and expressions. This was a group of family, each with a specific function and position of rank. The tall stunning brunet was the undisputed ruler. Lex would have him and the little blond too, who he found was not really so little. Lex and the brunet were about the same height, the blond fit nicely under the brunet's chin. He would fit nicely under Lex's chin too.


Lex peered over his glass, watching with amusement as the little blond began pulling at the brunet's arm, prodding him toward the dance floor. Almost condescendingly, the brunet kissed the temple of the blond, patted the ample ass and sent the boy on his way to the dance floor feigning thirst. Lex knew that kind of thirst. It's the thirst of a man who needs a little dutch courage before getting up the nerve to dance, no matter how enticing the partner. Lex could use that tidbit of information later if necessary.


Watching this band of merry men carefully, Lex was able to learn most of their names. The cute pouty brunet is called Michael although Brian, mister tall dark and gorgeous, calls him Mikey. Michael's partner is a very solid up standing, good looking man, Ben. Lex found the other two that made up this family rather boring, immediately dismissing them, not bothering to learn their names. And then the beautiful blond, Justin.


At this moment, said blond was undulating his seemingly boneless hips to the music, mesmerizing the men around him. Brian's look of boredom didn't fool Lex. He noticed as Brian kept a watchful eye on Justin, stiffening slightly when someone danced too close then relaxing as the potential interloper recognized the boy and left him untouched. This too, was something useful to know. If he wanted to, Lex could get to Brian through the boy but it was too soon in the game. Lex got glimpses of what the boy meant to Brian, perhaps a convenient toy, a possession of sorts but Lex was not so sure of what Brian meant to Justin. Lex thought himself a patient man and the night was still very young.


With Brian's courage sufficiently stoked, he twisted his way through the crowd to Justin. Justin, dancing alone, eyes closed, feeling the music rather than hearing it, smiling from ear to ear as he felt the familiarly long strong arms twine about him. The two began their dance together, swaying with the rhythm, teasing each other and the men who took in their show. Lex was starting to learn the truth.


Justin was the truly rhythmically gifted one between the pair but what Brian lacked in grace he made up with a sexual sensual energy. Brian oozed and dripped sex; Justin was content to be showered by it. Justin unashamedly ground his firm round butt into Brian's crotch as they danced cock to ass. Brian slipping his hands under Justin's cropped shirt, skimming the blond's nipples, tweaking them into hard nubs. Brian's assault was not limited to the boy's nipples. He latched onto an ear, nipping and sucking at the pale flesh then continuing down the pale neck. At some point Brian twisted Justin around, scrunching down so they were nose to nose, leaning in with foreheads touching. Justin's eyes were open now, brightly shining into Brian's. Brian began to knead the blond's ass, pulling Justin into his groin without tangling up their legs.


The surrounding men as well as Lex watched the couple dancing so closely entwined together that it was difficult to see where one man ended and the other began. Brian cupped the boy's face in his hands kissing Justin deeply and thoroughly. The ogling men around them sighed along with Justin as Brian released Justin's face and rose, stretching to his full height. Brian looked down his nose as Justin recovered from the kiss, flushing and looking a bit sex stupid. Brian favored Justin with his tongue in cheek smirk; Justin answered back with a waggle of his eyebrows. Lex was shocked as Justin suddenly turned on his heels and made a bee-line to the backroom with Brian in heated pursuit. There was something about these two men, a sexual tension unmatched by any other and yet something more that Lex could not quite fathom. No one noticed as Lex quietly slipped into the backroom to spy on the lovers.


Brian pushed Justin along to the most secluded spot within the labyrinth, spun him around and attacked the boy's mouth. Stopping only when air became a necessity, Justin pried himself off Brian's lips and began his descent, kissing a path down Brian's chest and belly. Justin's hands furiously worked at Brian's belt, button and zipper. When Justin's prize was finally free, he gave it a tender kiss before completely engulfing it. Lex watched as the talented mouth worked its magic taking Brian closer and closer to the edge along with the other denizens of the backroom. Lex wondered if that mouth could be persuaded to give his equally endowed cock a ride or rather a suck like that. He also pondered the contradictions this couple seemed to exude. Lex continued his surveillance.


Brian was getting close and as much as he wanted to shoot his load down Justin's hot throat, he had other plans. Gently Brian tugged at Justin's hair signaling him to rise. Kissing the swollen mouth, Brian quickly tucked himself back into his jeans then made his own descent to his knees. A sharp intake of air was heard and hushed whispers. Very few were privy to the sight they were about to behold. Ignoring the obvious stares, Brian deftly removed Justin's own lengthy cock from the tight confines of his cargos and swallowed it whole. He firmly grasped the boy's slim hips, steadying his wobbly lover against the wall as he continued to consume Justin's dick. Remaining on his knees, Brian reluctantly released his hold on Justin spinning him around to face the wall, then exposed Justin's infamous ass. Brian briefly savored his lover's scent before delving his tongue in to the recesses of Justin's ass. Justin began to squirm and softly whimper. Brian knew the pleading would shortly begin.


"Brian, please."


"What do you want, Justin?"


"Fuck me."


"Yeah."


Brian tore at the fly of his jeans and sheathed his leaking hard cock. "Hard and fast, little boy?" Brian whispered into Justin's ear. Justin moaned back a yes. Slick with spit, Brian added only a little more lube, stretching Justin's tight hole with two fingers. "Ready?" "Yes!" Brian slammed on home, holding tightly to Justin's waist until Justin adjusted. When he heard the grunt that signaled Justin's consent, Brian began to fuck.


So the blond liked it rough and the brunet was willing to give it to him. Lex wondered if Brian would enjoy it just as rough. Lex doubted it. Lex started his plot. He had to get these men into his bed either together or separately, it made no difference. This required time and planning. Smiling to himself, he was in no rush.


A strangled groan emanated from Justin which brought Lex's attention back to the royal couple.


"Close, Brian."


"Now!"


Justin splattered the bricks as Brian filled the condom, bringing the onlookers along with them. Justin rested his forehead against the wall while Brian gently pulled out of his ass, tying off the condom and throwing it in a nearby can. He tucked himself in while shielding Justin's ass until Brian could clean him, pulling up the cargos and safely concealing the boy's package. Brian hugged Justin into his chest, whispering something into Justin's ear. Whatever was said was only for the blond. Lex saw Justin smile and nod then nuzzle himself into Brian's neck until the two were steady enough on their feet to walk out.


Again a paradox. Brian, an obvious top, able to take what was clearly his and yet gentle almost loving with the blond. Lex needed to learn more.


It was apparent to Lex and anyone who chose to look that Brian and Justin were not only done with the backroom but done with Babylon as well, at least for the night. Lex watched as the couple said there goodbyes to their friends and then discreetly followed the lovers as Brian guided his sated boy out of the club and into Brian's Vette. Lex hopped into a nondescript SUV and followed the couple to Tremont.

 

Lex made a mental note of the address as he sat in his car. He watched as the lights came on in the sixth floor loft then switched off, replaced by an eerie orange glow. Since no shadows were thrown he assumed the couple had gone to bed. Lex turned back into the traffic and drove to his hotel. Tomorrow was another day and he had a feeling the boys were not early risers at least not from bed. Lex would be back.

Chapter 2 by Sabina

Strangers in the Night


Chapter 2

"On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses..." (A Bat Out Of Hell)


"Hey Justin, get your bubble butt out here, you have a delivery!" Debbie bellowed above the din of the lunch crowd. Banging through the door, holding a couple of pink plate specials, Justin delivered his order then joined Debbie at the counter. Sitting on the counter was a beautiful cut crystal vase with two dozen blood red roses.


"So what did the asshole do now?"


"Huh?"


"Don't give me that look. It must have been a whopper if he sent flowers."


"Deb, these aren't from Brian."


"How do you know?"


"First of all, there's no card. Knowing our history, if he were to give me flowers, he'd want full credit. But more importantly, Brian would not give me real, flow, ow, ah, AH-CHOO ! Damn, my allergies. Brian knows better than that, most of the family knows. No, these are from some, om, ah-choo! Shit."


"Put them in the back, Sunshine and take some medicine."


"Yeah. Right away." Justin picked up the heavy vase and walked toward the kitchen trying not to breathe in the intoxicating aroma of the roses. Setting them down safely on the table in the staff room, Justin looked over the arrangement for a card. Confirming that there wasn't one, he went into his locker and took out a dose of his allergy pills swallowing them dry. Hoping that he took them in time, Justin went back out into the diner to serve the lunch crowd.


"You gonna tell Brian?" Debbie asked. "About the flowers? Yes, I will. We've been getting along real well lately; working hard on our conversational skills. If I don't tell him and he finds out, he may not say anything but he'll be upset."


"I hear ya, Sunshine. Honesty is the best policy. But who would send you those?"


"Send him what?" At that moment, Brian appeared at the door of the diner. Within three strides of his long legs, Brian sidled up next to Justin and repeated the question. "Send you what, little boy?"


"Someone sent me two dozen roses."


"In a crystal vase." Debbie added.


"A secret admirer, Sonny Boy?" Brian smirked and arched an eyebrow.


"Very secret, no card."


"Did you see who delivered it?"


"No, but Deb might of."


"Deb?"


"Wasn't anyone I've ever seen before. He was wearing a messenger uniform and a baseball cap. I didn't see a delivery truck. Come to think about it, there wasn't a company name or anything. Just a black jacket and jeans. The only thing I do know is he had deep green eyes. Other than that, nothing to identify him. Do you think it's trouble?"


"No, I don't but you get to bring home the flowers. Medication or no medication, if those things come home with us I'll never get laid. He'll be sneezing all night."


"You know Brian, sometimes I think...Justin, JUSTIN!"


At Debbie's scream, Brian turned to see Justin gulping for air and turning an unflattering shade of red. Brian fished into his suit pocket and brought out an inhaler. Shaking it, he flipped off the cap and brought it to Justin's lips. Squeezing the inhaler, he commanded, "Suck!" Justin inhaled a dose of the medication. Repeating the process one more time, Brian then guided Justin to a vacant booth.


"Debbie, can you get him a cup of coffee, light and sweet. Sometimes it helps."


"Sure thing, kiddo."


Turning his attention to Justin who was now breathing easier, Brian gently swiped the hair out of Justin's eyes and softly caressed Justin's arm.


"You feel better now?"


"Yeah, much. Thank you. I took my pills but I guess they didn't kick in fast enough."


"You want me to take you home?"


"No, I'm alright. I want to finish my shift, Brian."


"Justin."


"Please, Bri. I'm fine."


"Here's your coffee, Sunshine."


"Thanks Deb."


"You should go home."


"What I should do..."


"What he should do, is finish his coffee, take another hit from his inhaler then get back to work. But maybe Deb, you can get Hunter to come in and bus for a while so Justin doesn't have to."


"Good idea, Brian. I'll call over at the store."


"Now that the drama is all over, I have to get back to the office. Some of us have real jobs to do."


Brian slid out of the booth while watching Justin do the same. He then gave Justin a kiss on the temple. "I'll pick you up when you're done, okay?" Justin nodded and brought his cup to the counter.


"Here ya go kiddo. A turkey on whole wheat, no mayo. On the house."


"Thanks, Deb." Taking his sandwich, Brian kissed Debbie on the cheek and slipped the inhaler into her hand. Brian's co-conspirator winked at him and patted his cheek. "You're a good man, Brian." Debbie whispered. "I know, but don't let it get around." Brian whispered back; Debbie rolled her eyes.


As Brian headed out of the door, Ted was coming in; Brian shouted to Justin. "Hey, Sunshine! No sneezing in Theodore's chicken salad."


Justin gave Brian the single finger salute as he shouted back, "Asshole!" A bewildered Ted stood at the door pondering his luncheon choice.


Back at Kinnetic, Brian was greeted by Cynthia. "I didn't think you accepted gifts from your tricks."


"What the hell are you talking about?"


"You got a delivery while you were out to lunch."


"What kind of delivery?"


"Roses."


"Fuck!" Brian went racing into his office. There on his desk was a crystal vase with two dozen blood red roses. No card.


"Cynthia, did you see who delivered them?"


"I didn't get a good look at him. He was dressed in black and wore a baseball cap. But I did notice he had deep..."


"Green eyes."


"Yeah, how did you know?"


"Justin got the same delivery at the diner. Nearly killed him too. You know him and his allergies."


"Oh my god! Is he alright?"


"He's fine. Between his pills and his inhaler, we got it under control. It scared the shit out of Debbie."


"By the look on your face, it scared the shit out of you too. Who would of sent the flowers? If it was a client, there would have been a card. And I was only teasing about the tricks. I know you haven't, you know, in a while, I mean."


"Yeah, I know what you mean."


"Brian, this vase is real crystal and these roses, well let's just say they're not the dozen for $9.99 kind. These are the expense older variety of roses, they have a scent."


"What do you mean?"


"Most roses don't have a scent anymore because they're hybrids. These have a strong scent like a classic rose. And you say Justin got the same thing. Brian, we're talking a couple of hundred."


"Fuck me!"


"Love to but I'd rather fuck the man who has this kind of money to toss around. Brian, do you think you should call the cops or maybe Debbie's friend?"


"And tell him what? By the way Carl, Justin and I got some presents and we want you to track down the gift giver. I don't think so. Just be careful in the future and observant. I think we're looking for a green-eyed wolf in black clothing."


"Will do. Leo Brown called, he'd like you to get back to him regarding the latest pitch."


"Sure thing and Cynthia, how would like two dozen roses?"


"Throw in the vase and you got yourself a deal."


"Deal. Now let's get back to work. I need to continue to afford you."


Before settling behind his desk, Brian picked the vase and put it in the conference room. With Leo Brown and his latest campaign to occupy him, Brian gave little thought to the mystery of the red roses. Around eight o'clock, he packed up his brief case, turned off the lights, set the alarm and locked up Kinnetic for the night.

 

Brian got into the Vette and drove to the diner to pick up Justin unaware that a wolf with deep green eyes was following close behind.

Chapter 3 by Sabina

Strangers in the Night


Chapter 3

Lex was curious and only mildly miffed when he realized that Brian's assistant went home with his roses in her arms. He concluded that Brian was too much of a macho man to be seen with a large floral arrangement. Lex was sure that Justin was sentimental enough to appreciate the flowers. He was a little more than angered to see Justin come out of the diner with only his messenger bag slung across his shoulders and a large take out bag in his hands. It was times like this that Lex wished he didn't give up all his electronic listening devices. He eased up behind the Vette to watch Brian get out and open the door for Justin. Tailing the Vette, Lex expected the car to turn onto Tremont. Instead the couple drove to the nearest park.


After parking the car, Brian and Justin walked to the picnic tables and sat at one closest to the car and nearby streetlight. Lex, dressed in black, remained in the shadows behind a tree to listen.


"You feel okay?"


"Yeah, I just need a some air before we go home. The diner was a little warm. I hope you don't mind, I had Debbie pack us up some dinner. I really don't feel like cooking tonight."


"It better not be the meatloaf."


"Uh uh, grilled chicken caesar salads and she threw in a couple of bottles of water. Oh and some lemon bars, a lot of lemon bars."


"Does that woman think she can cure everything with a lemon bar?"


"You mean she can't?"


"Did Debbie take home the offending foliage?"


"Yeah, Emmett came by to pick her up so he carried them home. The vase was heavy."


"I know, expensive too."


"How do you know that?"


"It's twin was waiting for me at the office when I got back from lunch. From what Cynthia told me, it was delivered by the same guy who brought yours. She also told me that the vase is real crystal and the roses aren't the cheap sold on the street corner kind. Whoever sent them dropped at least two bills on them."


"You're kidding, right."


"I don't kid about money. I sent my bunch home with Cynthia. I don't want a repeat performance of your death scene from this afternoon."


"Stop exaggerating. I didn't die."


"No, just came too close to not breathing for my liking. Justin, please, you're supposed to carry the inhaler with you. You'd think with all those damn pockets in your pants you'd find room for one little inhaler."


"I'm sorry, Brian."


"Sorry is bullshit. From now on carry the damn thing, okay?"


"Okay."


Lex leaned around the tree, observing and listening to the couple's exchange. ‘Now I understand. The kid has allergies, must have had some sort of asthma attack at the diner. That's why they gave away the flowers.' Lex mused over the situation. ‘Huh, death by flowers. That would be a first for me, would look good on an assassin's resume. Death by gun shot, explosives, slicing open throats, breaking necks and the ever popular attack of the red roses.' As Lex continued reminiscing about his past exploits, he watched the blond feed bits of a lemon bar to Brian.


"Enough, Justin. You want me to get fat? There's got to be a gazillion calories in that thing."


"Just wanted to see how much you love me."


"You don't need to drown me lemon bars to know that. Come on, time to go home. Do you mind if we skip Babylon tonight? I have an early meeting and I need to tweak a campaign."


"No, I don't mind. Michael sent over some ideas for the next issue of Rage. I want to look them over, see if they spark a sketch or two."


"Sounds good. Let's get this show on the road, Sunshine."


Lex remained seated by the tree and watched the couple walk leisurely to the car then drive off. Without the need to follow, Lex decided to go to the bar on Liberty to see what he could pick up for the night. He doubted whether anyone would live up to the reputation of Brian or Justin but he needed something to take the edge off. Lex drove to Liberty Avenue in search of easy prey.


He approached Woody's but was hesitant to enter. He knew what kind of bar Woody's was and had an idea of the men and women who hung out there. But this knowledge didn't calm his nerves. He wondered if he would be recognized and thrown out or worse, beat up. He would have gone to another gay bar but he didn't know of any. As Chris rubbed the sweat off his palms onto his jeans, a tall man dressed in black came out of the shadows.


"Looking for company?"


"Uh, I'm not sure."


"Your first time?"


"Sort of."


"You look like a man who'd appreciate the difference between a Rolex and a Timex. Why don't you come to my hotel and join me in a drink in my suite. I promise your first time will be very memorable and pleasurable."


"Well, I, I'm not..."


"You can follow me in your car and see for yourself that I'm not staying at a roach motel. And you look like you can use a friend."


"Yeah, things haven't been so good for a few years."


"Then join me and we can exchange horror stories and maybe release a few pent up frustrations."


"Okay, but you'll let me leave at anytime?"


"You can leave any time you want. I wont handcuff you to the bed, not unless you want me too."


"Let's go. By the way, I'm Chris, Chris Ho..."


"Lex and no last names, it's better that way."


"Right."


Chris followed Lex to his hotel, parked his car in the lot and then followed Lex to his suite. Indeed it was a suite, after so many years living and hiding in dark alleys and sewers like the rat he once was, Lex had developed a taste for the high life. Chris was in for a treat.


By the end of the night or more accurately, the wee hours of the morning, Lex had had his fill of Chris and was hoping the young man would take the hint and leave. Being rather continental, Lex politely waited until Chris woke up out of his sex sated sleep and limped on home. Lex had little trouble persuading Chris to accept Lex's brand of love-making. Chris would remember his experiences for at least a week, especially when he tried to sit down.


Content for now, Lex took a hot shower then went to bed. Unable to sleep, his mind was racing at a hundred miles per hour. Lex came to the conclusion that it would be easier making a play for Justin. Brian would not be easily seduced nor would he like being on the receiving end of some rough sex games. Lex preferred a willing participant although he wasn't adverse to taking what he wanted. No, his best bet was the blond. The blond was young and most young men could be charmed out of their pants. Lex could be very charming.


Being the trained observer, Lex deftly memorized Justin's schedule as well as Brian's. He also did his homework, researched both men before contacting Justin. Lex would get the blond alone when he knew that Brian was occupied at Kinnetic on the pretext of hiring the ‘starving' young artist to do a portrait. Light and airy, the hotel suite would make a perfect studio. The fireplace a perfect focal point for seduction. And Lex a very grateful art lover.

 

Lex doubled checked the business cards he had made up in his current alias then checked his appearance in the full length mirror in his bedroom. Perfect. Brian was safely conducting his business at Kinnetic and Justin was slinging hash or whatever foul specials they passed off as food at the diner. Lex was ready to put his plan into motion.

Chapter 4 by Sabina

Strangers in the Night


Chapter 4

"Excuse me, are you Justin Taylor, the artist?"


"I'm Justin Taylor, an artist, currently a waiter. Do I know you?"


"No, we've never met but I've been privileged to have seen some of your work. I liked to know if you're available for a commission. A portrait, a full portrait not just the head. The schedule can be very flexible, whenever you're available. My hotel suite is rather spacious with very large windows, nothing to obstruct the natural light. If you take this commission all you will have to do is show up ready to paint. I will provide the materials you will need. And I will also feed you. I'm sure a growing lad needs more than his love of art to sustain him."


Justin, overwhelmed that someone not only knew his work and wanted to commission a portrait but that someone was very beautiful. His artist's eyes looked passed the well tailored suit and began to imagine the man underneath. Then a flicker of doubt crept into his mind.


"Uh, you are the subject of the portrait, aren't you?" Justin asked with only a hint of desperation in his voice. Lex let out a chuckle and answered in the affirmative.


"Yes, Justin, I am the subject of the portrait. It will be a gift to someone I admire and haven't seen in a very long time."


Justin let out the breath he didn't realize that he was holding and flashed his trademark smile. It took all of Lex's training and resolve not to immediately take hold of the beautiful smiling face and smother it with kisses.


"This my card, my cell phone number is on it and the hotel, name, address and phone number is on the back. Please call when you're ready to set up the first sitting. As I said, I'm very flexible."


The double entendre was not lost on Justin. Justin toned down his smile but only just a bit. This tall man with dark flowing hair and jade green eyes intrigued Justin and he hadn't yet asked about his fee.


Looking down at the card in his hand Justin ventured the question.


"Mr. Spender, um, my fee?"


"Ah, I was wondering when you were going to ask about that. I'd say five thousand sounds reasonable."



"Dollars?"


"No, rubles. Of course dollars. You'll be exercising all your artistic skills making this tired body look good. I will be encouraging artistic license, wherever appropriate."


Justin's eyes couldn't help but do a quick once over and landed, by habit, on Lex's crotch. With a hint of blush in his cheeks, Justin recovered and made an appointment with Lex for the following morning.


"Thank you Mr. Spender. I really appreciate this opportunity. I wont let you down." Justin extended his hand.


Taking the offered hand into his own and holding it a tad longer than he should, Lex replied, "I'm sure you wont Justin." Lex watched as the blushed deepened on Justin's face and then added in his deepest bedroom voice, "I know you wont disappoint me." Justin remained transfixed until the bell over the diner's door signaled Lex's departure.


Later that night, Justin was nearly jumping out of his skin to tell Brian about his good fortune. But when he arrived at the loft, the blinking of the answering machine indicated he may have a long wait. Justin hit the play button.


"Hey. I have to go out of town for a few days. Liberty Air is having some sort of meltdown and they want me there to work on an emergency campaign at their corporate headquarters. I'm sorry this is such short notice. I'll try to call you later tonight. Behave yourself and don't wreck my loft. Change the sheets if you're going to have an orgy. And keep that inhaler in your pocket. Later."


Justin hit replay and concentrated on Brian's last three statements. "Behave yourself and don't wreck my loft." Kinney-speak translation: I'm going to miss you. "Change the sheets if you're going to have an orgy." Please don't have sex in our bed without me. And, "And keep that inhaler in your pocket." I love you.

 

Justin sighed and rummaged through the half empty refrigerator for anything remotely edible. Finding some leftover Thai, Justin made himself comfortable on the sofa, fiddled with the TV remote control and proceeded to have a very quiet, Brian-free night. He fell asleep dreaming about his hazel-eyed man with soft brunet hair and a green-eyed man with hair the color of coal.

Chapter 5 by Sabina

Strangers in the Night


Chapter 5

the conclusion


Justin arrived at Lex's suite a little earlier than the agreed upon time. He was greeted at the door by a damp Lex draped only in a towel.


"Good morning, Justin."


"Uh, good morning. I'm too early aren't I?"


"Just a little but no sweat. Give me five minutes to run a comb through my hair and put on some clothes. Breakfast is here. Help yourself to anything on the cart. I wasn't sure what you'd like so I ordered a little of everything. There's coffee, tea and a variety of juices."


"Okay, thank you."


Justin tried to hide his embarrassment while sneaking a glimpse of Lex's long muscular legs. He could only imagine what lay under the towel. When Lex finally came out of the bedroom, Justin dropped his toast. Lex was dressed in well worn black leather pants that hugged him like a second skin. He was obviously not wearing any underwear and his feet were bare. The shirt Lex was wearing reminded Justin of a pirate, a white linen pullover, barely laced up in the front so that Justin could see the well developed pecs underneath. The cuffs were tight and the hem tucked in just enough into the waistband. All Lex needed was a saber in his hand and a parrot on his shoulder. The look would have been ridiculous on any other man but on Lex it was heart pumping gorgeous. Justin couldn't help but stare and thank whatever gods that had prompted him to wear his loosest pair of painters overalls.


"Do I look alright?"


"Wow. I mean, yeah! You look so good."


Lex laughed and thought to himself, ‘gotcha.' He sauntered across the room to the food cart, deliberately passing close to Justin. Lex heard Justin take a sharp inhale of his cologne. Lex hoped it would turn on the boy without sending him into a sneezing fit or worse a full blown asthma attack. Lex bent slightly at the waist to accentuate his full round ass as he reached for a strawberry; he heard the small moan that escaped Justin's throat. Lex decided to go in for the kill. He turned, took a small bite out of the strawberry and slowly chewed allowing a little juice to stain his lips. He tilted his head downward so that he could look up through his long dark lashes and then licked his lips.


"Where would you like me?"


"What?"


"The pose, where would you like me?"


"Oh, the pose." Justin recovered enough to gesture towards the fireplace. "Why don't you stand near the hearth."


"Too bad it's too warm for a fire. I think I would've liked the fire glowing behind me."


"I can paint a fire if you want, no extra charge."


"Hmm, Justin you can have anything that I have to give."


Shaking his head to clear it, Justin mumbled to himself something about an ass and went to adjust the canvas on the easel.


Several hours later Justin had the preliminary sketch on the canvas. Dropping the pencil into the tray on the easel, he massaged his cramping hand and wished Brian was there to do it for him.


"Are you alright?"


"Yeah. Just a cramp, it'll go away." ‘Soon, I hope,' thought Justin. This first session went very well; with any luck, he could have the portrait done by the end of the week.


"May I see it?"


"There's not that much to see but sure, it is yours." Lex went to stand behind Justin to gaze at the sketch. Unconsciously, Lex encircled Justin into his strong arms and whispered "mine." When Lex felt Justin stiffen, Lex released his embrace and got out of the blond's personal space.


"It's very good Justin. Even at this stage, I can see that the portrait will be exactly what I want. Will you be back tomorrow? I know you are a busy young man, I can work around your schedule."


"Tomorrow morning will be fine. If I'm lucky the painting will be done in a few days."


"Would you like me to have lunch sent up? Or we could go down to the restaurant, they have an excellent menu."


"I'm not really dressed for a restaurant and I have the lunch shift at the diner."


"Would you allow me to make a small down payment on your fee and join me for dinner. I hear there's a very good Italian restaurant nearby. What time to you get off?"


"About seven but I'd need to go home first to shower and change."


"I could come and pick you up."


"No, I know the restaurant you're talking about. How about I meet you there at eight, if that's not too late."


"Not late at all. We'll miss the dinner crowd. We can have a nice quiet dinner and conversation."


"That sounds like fun."


"I take it you don't get that very often."


"Not very often."


"I could change all that." Lex regretted saying those words a soon as they tripped off his tongue. "But I'm sure a good looking young man such as yourself has a boyfriend." Lex hoped he recovered in time.


"I have a partner."


"Why don't you bring him tonight."


"He's away on business but I'll introduce you when he returns. Brian likes to see my paintings; I'd like to show him your portrait if that's okay."


"I'd loved for the three of us to get together. He must be a fascinating man to have won your heart."


"I don't know if he'd agree with you, about the winning part. I gave him little choice."


"Sounds like there's an interesting story in that statement."


"Let's just say I've been known by the nickname ‘tenacious twat.'"


"You must elaborate at dinner. You've done beautiful work here today. I can't wait to see the finished product."


"It's easy when I have an attractive model. It's getting late. I have to go. See you at eight." With that, Justin bolted out of the door.


‘So Brian's out of town. Lucky for me. I can take my time getting Justin in my bed. Now what shall I wear tonight?' Lex spent the rest of the afternoon mulling over his wardrobe.


The next few days were repeats of the first. Justin would arrive at about nine in the morning and work until he had to leave for the diner. He and Lex would have a late supper afterwards. Brian, as it turned out, was still away. Liberty Air was reluctant to let him leave until everything was signed, sealed and delivered. Lex took full advantage of Brian's absence, tonight would be the coup de grace. The portrait, now complete, stood on it's easel. Justin painted the fireplace in full blaze creating a warm glow that seemed to envelope Lex. Lex stood in awe admiring the work.


Tonight Lex intended to create a glow all over Justin's body. As he prepared for the scene, Lex inspected his ‘toys' for the night. An authentic BDSM scene took planning and Lex was an expert on planning. Everything had to be perfect, including the meal. Lex listened to Justin as he babbled away revealing his favorite foods, favorite music and favorite desserts. Lex had a small stash of his own favorite recreational drugs just in case the champagne didn't do the job. Now all he needed to complete his picture was one very beautiful blond.


Justin arrived at Lex's suite at eight dressed in a pair of casual slacks and a soft blue sweater that set off his eyes. Lex opened the door wearing the same leather pants that he used for the portrait and an emerald green shirt that he knew would set off his eyes. The room was aglow with candle light and there was soft jazz playing in the background. The table was set for two and a bottle of Dom was chilling in ice in a silver bucket.


"Dinner will be served soon, would you care for a glass of champagne?"


"Yes, please. I can't believe you did this all for me."


"Why not? I enjoy your company and the portrait turned out even better than I anticipated. Why wouldn't I show my appreciation in some small way."


"Mr. Spender, you're paying me a more than a fair commission for the portrait."


"My name is Lex and the painting is worth every penny." An awkward pause hung in the air as Lex opened the bottle of Dom and the knock on the door announced their dinner. The waiter brought in their dinner as Lex poured the bubbling wine. When the dinner was served Lex handed Justin his glass.


"To a fine artist, I expect this painting to triple in value in a few years."


"To a very cooperative and handsome model, you made it easy for me to paint."


As they enjoyed a leisurely dinner, Justin didn't notice that his glass never ran dry. He became intoxicated on the bubbles, the rich dinner, the exquisite vanilla ice cream dessert, and the sexy man seated across from him. Justin felt as if he was floating on clouds as Lex drew him from his chair and began to dance him around the room. In between songs, Lex held Justin tighter in his arms and began to plunder Justin's mouth with his tongue, leaving none of the recesses of Justin's mouth unexplored. Justin's head began to swim.


Brian threw back the loft door and shouted to no one, "Lucy, I'm home! Justin? Fuck, where is that kid?" Seeing a note taped to his computer screen, Brian hastily read it and ran back out to the street, hoping and praying that Justin did not take the Corvette to Lex's hotel. Brian had a bad feeling. Something kept nagging at him during their nightly phone calls as Justin described the painting he was doing and it's incredible model. Something, but Brian couldn't put his finger on it. He just knew that it wasn't good. Seeing his car in its usual spot, Brian jumped in and sped toward the hotel.


"Mr. Spender, I feel dizzy, I don't think I can do this."


"Relax Justin and call me Lex, just lay back and let Lexi take care of you." Lex snapped the heavy handcuffs onto Justin's fragile wrist and the other end to a bed post. Justin, too drunk to realize what was happening let alone fight back became a compliant doll. In Justin's mind Lex's green eyes became the safe, familiar and comforting hazel ones that he knew would never hurt him.


Brian approached the door to Lex's room and was surprised to find it unlocked. Cautiously opening the door, he was greeting by a shirtless Lex, a glass of champaign thrusted into his hand and a naked Justin handcuffed to the bed.


"Come in Brian and join us."


Trying to keep his cool and not show his panic for Justin's well-being, Brian answered coldly, "Don't mind if I do. You have me at a slight disadvantage. You know my name but we haven't been formally introduced."


"You're right Brian, how rude of me. I'm Lex Spender. Justin honored me by doing my portrait. Aside from his fee, I wanted to express my personal satisfaction with his artistry with a little of my own. Being a worldly man I'm sure you're familiar with certain scenes. You would make an exciting addition to it."


Brian indeed had a very keen grasp on exactly what Lex had in mind and while he knew he wouldn't like it he would survive it better than Justin.


"Do you mind if I looked over your toys?"


"Not at all. You will find them the highest quality, I'm quite fond of the crop. The leather is the finest available, I keep it well oiled and supple."


"I can see that. May I examine Justin?"


Pleased that Brian was accepting a subservient role, Lex nodded his permission. Brian was at Justin's side in a second noting that he appeared drunk or drugged but it was the cuff to Justin's wrist that concerned him. After several days of working on the portrait, Brian knew that Justin's hand would easily cramp and at worse sustain nerve damage. He had to get Justin out of there. Justin, coming down off his drunk was beginning to understand what was happening. At this moment all he could do was watch Brian try to negotiate their asses out of there.


"Mr. Spender, Lex, if I may. Justin is little more than a boy. He doesn't know about these things. You're absolutely right about me, I know what to expect and what my role will be. I give myself freely if you'll let Justin go. He had an accident a few years ago, he wont be able to participate and come out of it without permanent damage."


"Very gallant of you. You do realize that I will have you. You're not used to being a bottom, it's you who may come out of this with permanent damage, as you say."


"I understand that and will live with the consequences. Just let the boy go." At this point Justin fully regained his senses.


"No, Brian! You can't do this. He's right, you don't bottom, you'll get hurt. Please Lex, I'll stay. Let Brian go."


"Shut up Justin, you've never done this."


"Brian, we've played games before."


"Justin this isn't the same. They were just games. He's serious. Look at the cuffs, they're real, no velcro. Look at the stuff on the bed. This is hardcore. If he doesn't know what he's doing this kind of scene could kill you. No, Justin you have to leave."


"Please, Brian. I bottom for you every night, you haven't in months. I can't let you get hurt."


Lex's head began to throb and his dick was as soft as taffy left out in the sun. The pleas between the lovers were coming so fast that they were finishing each others sentences. It looked like a tennis match. He had enough.


"Oh for fuck's sake, will you two shut the fuck up! I can't stand this anymore. Here, take the key, get your boyfriend out of the cuffs."


Brian took the key and quickly extricated Justin from the hand cuffs before Lex had a change of heart. Lex took a seat at the table and took a swig out of the bottle. "Jesus H. Christ! Are you two always this sickeningly protective of each other?"


Brian handed Justin his clothes and the two shared an amused look. "Yes!" The lovers answered the question in unison. "Fuck! Look, all I wanted was some hot sex and a little fun. Justin, here, $5000.00, the agreed upon fee and an extra thousand for the company. I wasn't lying about your work or the purpose for the portrait. When it's dry I will be sending it to my friend. Brian, I really do know what I'm doing. I wouldn't of hurt you, much."


"I'm beginning to realize that. You are a very attractive man, Lex. A year or so ago I wouldn't have hesitated jumping in your bed, I might have been persuaded to bottom for you. But now, my life begins and ends with blue eyes. As pretty as yours are, they just don't do it for me anymore."


"Mr. Spender, I'm sorry."


"What do you have to be sorry about?"


"I can see that the portrait means a lot to you, that your friend means a lot to you. Can't you go home to him?"


"I don't know Justin. I did some unspeakable things. I'm not sure that I'd ever be forgiven."


"A couple of years ago I did something unspeakable and Brian forgave me. Maybe your friend will forgive you too."


Justin and Brian exchanged a look then took each other hand and walked together to where Lex was sitting. Still holding hands, Justin bent down and gave Lex a kiss. The astonished Lex barely opened his eyes when Brian leaned down and also gave Lex a kiss. "We could've had one hell of time." Lex gave the lovers an evil smile, baring his teeth like a wolf and flashing his cat green eyes. Together, the lovers replied, "We know." Brian and Justin strolled out of the suite with their hands laced together.


Lex remained seated at the table and took another swig of the warm champagne. "Aw, hell nothing worse than a soft dick and warm Dom."


"Talking to yourself, not a good sign."


"What the fuck are you doing here?" Lex looked up to see a pair of hazel eyes smiling down on him, the thick brunet hair with just a touch of grey at the temple and the same lanky runners body he fell in love with years ago all intact. Walking through the door, growling out his name was a huge bear of man, with warm chocolate brown eyes, thick muscles and tight firm ass.


"We came as soon as we knew you were back in the states. Can't let our favorite sewer rat roam the fair streets of Pittsburgh frightening the populace."


"Look I haven't done anything illegal. I was about to leave. There's no one left to fuck."


"What about the two who high-tailed it out of here? They looked like they could handle you."


"Yeah, well they were too much in love with each other. I can't handle all that sappy sentimentalism. Way too lovey dovey for my taste."


"Poor...ah, what name are you going by these days?"


"Lex."


"That's original."


"Well, it's still better than Fo..."


"Don't call me that!"


"It's good to know that some things never change."


The big man, who kept silent up until now, was inspecting Lex's portrait. "This is good, Lexi." "Yeah, I know. The little blond did it. I was going to send it to you guys. Kind of an I'm sorry gift. The kid is going to be famous. That painting will be worth something one day."


"Lexi, we'd be happy to have your portrait hanging in our home. But do you want to know what would make us really happy?"


"What, Sergi."


"You, coming home. It's time to stop wandering. It's time for you to come home. We both want you there."


"You're joking, right. What are you going to do with a tired old rat? And by the way, you are still one foxy dude."


"Love you to death, you idiot. And don't all me that."


"Lexi, stop goading him."


"He started it."


"Did not."


"Yes, you did."


The big bear growled loudly which made the fox and the rat immediately shut up. "Thank god I still command some respect. Now, Lexi, start packing. You, help him while I go to the front desk and see if I can arrange for a crate for the painting. And please behave yourselves."

 

‘Behave yourselves.' Bear-speak for I love you both and let's hurry up and go home.

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1428