Vampires: Being One and Loving One by MissMerlot
Summary:

 

 

It’s 2017 and the Pittsburgh covens of Liberty-Pitts, ruled by King Craig and Queen Jennifer with their adopted daughter Lindsay, and Le Mont Washington, ruled by brother and sister, Lord Victor and Lady Deborah and her adopted sons Michael and Christopher, have kept a relatively low profile integrating into society. They source their blood from blood banks and no longer feeding from humans. But now the Taylors and the Grassis want to abdicate, leaving the way for their children to ascend.

One problem, neither Michael nor Lindsay are pure vamps, so would need to rule with another half-blood. The Chief Aldermen have, once more, ruled against them ascending, but now think it's time for the Kings to Rule. Enter Master Lieutenants Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor to train the spoilt children how to be rulers and vampires, without suspecting that it is them that will rule and rule together. However, one refuses to accept that Vampires can love and the other refuses to accept his Vampire side...will true love prevail?

 

Banner credit goes to Midgardsnake


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Blake Wyzecki, Brian Kinney, Chris Hobbs, Craig Taylor, David Cameron, Debbie Novotny, Drew Boyd, Emmett Honeycutt, George Shickel, Jennifer Taylor, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Other Cast Regulars, Sap aka Gary Saperstein, Ted Schmidt, Vic Grassi
Tags: 100k+ Word Count, Anal Beads, Anal Sex (Lots of it!), Anniversary, Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, Bottom Brian, Brain Bleach Recommended, Celebratory Fuck, Dirty Talk, Family, Fluff, Friendship, Masturbation , Orgasm Delay/Denial, Raw Sex, Toppy Justin
Genres: Alternate Universe, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Magical/Supernatural, Porny, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Debbie/Carl, Emmett/Drew, Emmett/George, Michael/David
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 29 Completed: Yes Word count: 58889 Read: 31612 Published: Jul 24, 2019 Updated: Dec 20, 2020
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not a darn thing, Cowlip and Showtime do, no copyright infringement is intended whatsoever.

1. The Ruling of the Romantics by MissMerlot

2. Because of Their History It's Their Destiny and They Can't Be Given a Clue by MissMerlot

3. He Flops and She Plots by MissMerlot

4. Imperious vs Impervious by MissMerlot

5. Show Us What You Know by MissMerlot

6. From Waifs to Pages by MissMerlot

7. Levelling the Playing Field...Plus They Go In! by MissMerlot

8. A History Lesson and a Lesson Taught by MissMerlot

9. The Power Surge and No Respite for the Schemers by MissMerlot

10. Hanging About and He Struck Again by MissMerlot

11. The Feeling, The Scheming and The Reeling by MissMerlot

12. History of Herma, Michael, Jennifer and Debs by MissMerlot

13. What's New Pussycat by MissMerlot

14. Facing History, Dispelling Myths and Messing with Heads by MissMerlot

15. The Fruits of His Labour by MissMerlot

16. More Learning, She's Back and an Arrogant Step by MissMerlot

17. Lord Victor Makes His Move by MissMerlot

18. Epiphany and Empath by MissMerlot

19. Play Time! by MissMerlot

20. Confessionals, Connections and an Order by MissMerlot

21. Mother, Brother, Sister...Other by MissMerlot

22. father Throws Down the Gauntlet...Ex-Son Throws the Axe by MissMerlot

23. Challenge Accepted and the Unexpected by MissMerlot

24. Christopher and Consequences by MissMerlot

25. Purity...When Two Become Strong and He Finds out It's True by MissMerlot

26. Another Snake in the Grass by MissMerlot

27. Bad Choices and Guesses by MissMerlot

28. All Hail the Kings! by MissMerlot

29. When Everyone's Yes Means No...And They Meet by MissMerlot

The Ruling of the Romantics by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

This is my first Vamp fic and I will take slight liberties, apologies in advance to the purists amongst you. Thanks, MissMerlot

CHAPTER 1 - THE RULING OF THE ROMANTICS


OUTSIDE THE CHAMBER OF ALDERMEN ELDERS, ICELAND - NEW MOON DAY, AUGUST 2016


QUEEN JENNIFER


It is the clearing of my guard’s throat and the swish of the material of her dress that gets my attention. Standing, I wait for Lady Deborah to reach me. She looks so nervous, we both do. We are here for a decision that will impact the lives of both covens, especially if they go against us.


“Been waiting long, Your Highness?” She asks politely when she reaches my side with her aide and guard. I try not to smile at her tone, we are old and very good friends. 


“No, my Ladyship, not long. Shall we sit?” I indicate a bench and immediately the two pages leap to get cushions for us. “You may leave us. All of you.” I order, and swiftly the guards and the pages are gone.


“I am so fucking scared.” She whispers, taking my hand and clasping it tightly. I squeeze back, finding comfort, if not feeling, in the gesture. 


“Me too.” I sigh. “She will take it well, I think, but I know she is getting impatient. And we do wish to stand down, but…”


“He will not take it well at all. He’s been chomping at the bit to be Lord Michael and rule the G-Coven ever since he was 150 years old!” She leans back against the chair and closes her eyes. “I don’t think he can wait another however many years.”


“What’s his rush?” I turn her to face me and shake my head. “Just because he wants doesn’t mean he should!”


“You know, you’re the only person who I would let do that.” She smiles tiredly. “I wish I had the power.”


“One of the advantages of being pure is the little extras. Shame it doesn’t work on aldermen.” I grumble, and she chuckles. The creaking of the door silences us and the Chief Equerry to the Aldermen steps out. “Are we to enter, wait, or return, Sir?”


“Enter. They have made their decision.” He replies, his face impassive as he steps back and holds the door open. “Queen Jennifer and Lady Deborah, show deference to the Aldermen!” He orders, but when all five of us scowl at him, he shrinks back a bit. “It is proto…”


“Not for royalty, Sapperstein. Now stop being a pedant and leave us.” Alderman Earl orders, Sapperstein scurries out before he can raise his finger to assist his exit. 


“Oh, that man gets right on my nerves!” Alderman Caroline gripes. “Thank goodness that I can’t feel how much he grates!”


“Now be nice, he is very particular for the…” Alderman Bernardus interrupts, ever the diplomat.


“He’s not particular, he’s obsequious!” She returns. “And we all know why that is…”


“Now, Caroline, this has not been proven, and…” 


“He’s a nonce!” She asserts. “And the only reason he’s kept his nose clean all this time is because of what he faces should we banish him!” 


The chamber goes quiet, not through fear of being overheard, once the door is shut only another Alderman can hear. The quiet is because that is not the only rumour that has been unproven, Debs and I look at each other, hoping it stays that way.


“Ladies, please take a seat.” Alderman Bernardus instructs; I know what is coming. “The answer is no.”


“To whom?” Debs asks, and I glance at her. “It was worth a try, sorry.”


“To both, so as to make the decision official.” Alderman Earl replies. “It was a majority one. They are not ready to rule alone, but with another half-blood and with training, in say fifty years, then maybe, but definitely not now.”


“We understand your reasoning, but what of the wording?” I ask. “And the other Aldermen, where are they?”


“Going to tell King Craig and Lord Victor personally.” Alderman Caroline replies, then removes her diadem before scratching her skull. “Must be psychological, but every time I wear it for a long time, I feel like it itches!” We sigh in relief as we remove our crowns and diadems and have a good scratch. “Oh, not just me then?! So why did you both ask at this time? Oh, can we dispense with formalities once the decision is sealed?” We watch the orb darken then return inside the tabernacle.


“Absolutely, Caroline. Well?” Earl prompts.


“We want to stand aside Craig and I, she has a consort in Christopher.”


“Uhhuh.” Caroline frowns. “And Deborah, what of you and Victor?”


“I am happy to continue, but Victor grows tired of it. What if…”


“Absolutely not, that's not fair!” I exclaim.


“Jen! You don’t understand, I could teach him all he needs to know until such...”


“No, Lady Deborah!” Bernadus snaps. “That is definitely unfair, and, frankly, disgusting. How would the first night go for a start?!”


“Oh shit, I hadn’t thought of that!” She covers her face. “I am sorry all. It's just that he is so keen to become ruler.”


“And that's another reason why!” Caroline blasts. “His keenness is another worry. His refusal to seek counsel, to be careful, to…”


“It was one time, he wasn't, I mean didn’t know his own strength then, and…”


“Is not deaf!” I snap. “He was hurting him!”


“Oh, don't play innocent with me! What about Lindsay?!” Debs retorts.


“Uh, ladies…” Earl begins.


“What about her?!” I snarl, feeling my teeth sharpen.


“Losing her virginity to the Count! Just before his wedding, and I mean minutes before!” 


“She thought that was someone else!” I exclaim.


“How the fuck do you confuse a Black Vamp with a White one? It wasn’t even dark!”


“Eh, fucking hem!” Earl bellows, almost blowing the torches out such is his fury. “I will not have this barracking!” 


“She sought to…” I protest.


“Look, you are both overwrought with disappointment. Stop lashing out at each other, you've been friends for hundreds of years. Go and deal with the source of the problem: your children.”


“But…” 


“Queen Jennifer and Lady Deborah, return!” 


ALDERMAN BERNADUS


Neither Caroline nor I say anything. It is not often that Earl does that, and never on royalty. 


“Earl?”


“I have had enough of this, every year it is the same. They come pleading their case, but without having made any effort!” He strides around the room. “So annoying! I believe it, you know!”


“Now Earl, let’s not…”


“Ostende mihi faciem eorum!” He snarls, the room is bathed in light, showing two quadrants. The Queen’s Liberty-Pitts and Lady Deborah’s Le Mont Washington covens. I shake my head as I see Michael ignoring his Uncle’s adviser, Emmett’s, pleas to get dressed, saying he is going for a nap and to wake him when his consort David arrives. In the other, Lindsay is feeding grapes to Christopher, Michael’s half-brother. He eats with a disinterested air. “See what I mean?! The only change is the outfits!”


“Earl!” Caroline stops his pacing. “So what do we do? We are running out of excuses!”


“I don't know.” He sighs wearily.


“Maybe it is time. Maybe they are both ready?”


“They are not, hence the ruling!” Earl almost pins me to the wall. “Sorry, Bernardus, but I cannot countenance them ruling. It will descend into anarchy and mayhem! They think only of themselves!” 


“Ostende…” I begin.


“In English, please!” Caroline demands, having long given up Latin.


“Show them to me.” I smile. 


Again, the room is bathed in light, but the determination and passion in these two is as powerful as is laziness in the other two. They are both doing the same thing: practising with long swords. They are mirroring each other parry for parry, but are on the opposite sides of the world.


“What I meant was, maybe it’s time, it’s time for the kings to meet.”


“Really? How?” Caroline gasps.


“We tell the families that we have reconsidered…”


“That’s unheard of!” Earl declares.


“Exactly! So when the Master Lieutenants, Kinney and Taylor meet, they will think nothing of it. They will see it as a job, preparing them for ascension.”


“When in fact…” Caroline smiles.


“We are preparing them for their lives together, just like the old romantics we are!” I chuckle. “And you can bet they are going to fight every step of the way!”

 

End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.

Because of Their History It's Their Destiny and They Can't Be Given a Clue by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 2 - BECAUSE OF THEIR HISTORY IT’S THEIR DESTINY AND THEY CAN’T BE GIVEN A CLUE


CAROLINE


“So shall we start?” I look at my two dear friends; they start to smile. “What? I...ooh, you’ve started without me?! How far?!”


“Their masters at arms will be here on Tuesday…” Earl grins.


“Tuesday, why so late? And I get why she wants to be known as that, but not if you get me?” I watch, incredulous, as the Master Lieutenants are in perfect sync.


“Who...oh, you mean Melanie?” Bernardus chuckles. “She fought hard to get where she is, and that's what she wants to be known as. Now as to why…uh, Caroline...” I force myself to stop watching. “...we want to see how they take the rejection.” 


“And then on Thursday when they go back and tell them that the Aldermen have reversed their decision, contingent on them being trained, by the Master Lieutenants. The ascenscion is contingent on them passing and...”


“And Kinney and Taylor won’t make it a competition at all.” Earl snickers. “Have they met?”


“No. I don’t think they have even been in the same country before…” Earl looks thoughtful. “I think we should have a small wager…”


“Oh no, absolutely not! Lorelle and Virginia need to be here before anything wager like is discussed!” Bernardus interrupts, trying to look serious and failing. “So, the first thing we do is get them here and keep them apart…” Bernardus starts to smile. “...that will light a metaphorical fire under them.”


“Indeed.” I murmur. “I can’t wait!”


MASTER LIEUTENANT BRIAN KINNEY’S COMPOUND, AUSTRALIA - NEXT DAY


RECEPTION HALL


MEL


I try not to roll my eyes as he unpacks my bag and surveys what was inside. I am 220 years old and have been packing for myself since I was 120! But oh no, this is not good enough, not for Brian Aiden Kinney, aged 232 and three quarters!


“Brian, I have to go. Can this be enough and then…”


“You need your sidearm.” He declares.


“I am going to the Aldermen Elders, who are the most powerful of all vampires, I will not need…” I pause in my justification knowing he won’t let me leave until I take it. “...if I take it with me can I please go?”


“And your medallion.” He adds. “You should always have that when you travel to another coven. You’ve earned that and people should treat you with the respect you are due.” I shake my head and smile. “So why are you summoned again?”


“They didn’t say, just that I had to be there.” 


“Something is up, I can feel it.” He sighs and I snicker, which at least raises a smile. “You know what I mean. But you are right, you must leave now. Come straight back though.”


“I will, my friend. I will. Now don’t over train.” I tell him firmly, knowing he is going to do exactly that! “I will see you on Thursday.”


“Hmm. Be safe.” He murmurs, and heads off to perfect his already perfect skills.


TRAINING ROOM - TEN MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


I sigh as I watch her leave. The summoning can only be bad news. I hope that the rumours and mutterings of the treaty being broken in some areas, which have abounded for years are false. 


I am taken straight back to the memory of my Dad, Jack explaining what he and Mom were willing to do for peace. I remember them going into the room where the other two were waiting for them. Dad, ever the gentleman, asked their names, Lois and Joshua, they looked so young. He asked why they were doing it. If it takes our lives to stop then so be it, Joshua answered. They were so calm and quiet  as the High Alderman approached with the blade and cut their wrists. The moment of their deaths, Dad and Mom drank their blood and they died within seconds of each other. I remember there being a great fuss being made about something, but I was taken away so never found out. All I know is that because of their sacrifice, peace has reigned for almost half a century. I miss them every day, and still think of them as my parents despite them adopting me when my human parents abandoned me after they found out I was a half blood. You’d think the fangs would be a clue that the guy you are having a threesome with is a Vamp!


“Come on, Kinney, practice!” I snarl at myself and pick up my bullwhip. I flick it and smile at the thwapping crack it makes against the air. 


Although I do suppress the urge to do it easy, like a pure Vamp. I wasn't born this way, I was gifted my pureness as a result of my parents sacrifice, but I still have some human elements in me. I can allegedly love like they do, which is bullshit, the first love of your life are your parents, and they taught me nothing about love, so I don’t believe you can. 


“Focus!” I exclaim, and leap up to the 3rd highest beam. Like I said, I accept some aspects of being a Vamp. For one thing, I have a fantastic cock and I know how to use it!


MASTER LIEUTENANT JUSTIN TAYLOR’S COMPOUND, GERMANY - SAME TIME


LOBBY


JUSTIN


I scowl at a chuckling Ben as he prepares to meet the Aldermen. “How come I can’t do this? I don’t understand.” 


“You have to want to do it.” Ben calls over his shoulder.


“That is the whole point of me trying to do it. I look a mess!” I sigh, as for a brief second I catch sight of my reflection. “This is where you contradict me.” I point out tartly.


“You don’t look a mess, and well you know it. As for the teeth thing, you don't want to because you’ve not found anyone you want to do it for.”


“Bullshit.” I snort at his endless romanticism, he has been with Jared since the moment they met in the hospital. Ben had no idea how he got there, and was really banged up. It was touch and go for a while, but he pulled through. “So, do you have a clue?”


“For the what, or, the why not you?” Ben folds his arms and frowns, I smirk as he floats back down to earth. “Shut up.” He orders, looking embarrassed. “I don’t know why I float when I am thinking, it is silly.”


“I think it’s cute.” Jared calls out as he comes down the stairs with his medallion. “And you are not leaving this behind. You’ve earned it, so take it with you!” He grimaces but does pin it on. “Now come on, let’s go.”


I watch with more than a bit of jealousy as they fall into easy step and depart. Feeling a bit unsettled, well as much as I can feel, I head to the training room to shake it off.


INSIDE THE CHAMBER OF ALDERMEN ELDERS, ICELAND - LATE EVENING


ALDERMAN EARL


I smile as Mel and Ben greet each other warmly. They haven’t seen each other in almost 50 years when they both attained the Master at Arms status. They take their seats in front of us and look expectantly. 


“Okay, the Taylors and the Grassis asked for ascension and were denied. Lorrelle and Virginia are going to tell them, by them I mean Michael and Lindsay, formally today. Lady Deborah tried to argue the merits of her ruling with him. I was so repulsed I returned them both!”


“Returned?!” I gasp, trying to stifle the laughter at the image that brought to mind.


“Didn’t even let them put their crowns back on!” I chortle.


MEL


“However, we have changed our minds. They will be allowed to ascend…”


“I am sorry, Alderman Bernardus, can you repeat that?” I knew it was something when Ben was here, but this? They can’t be serious about this?! 


“We are very serious.” I acknowledge the read with a wry smile. “We feel that we were hasty in our decision, but recognise it will be an unpopular one…”


“But have you seen them?!” Ben explodes, five pairs of eyebrows shoot to the tops of their skulls. “I apologise, but...but...that...I mean...just why?!”


“Calm yourself.” I tell Ben, he lets out a whoosh of air. “When will they be told of the reversal, and why were we needed for this?”


“They will be told on Thursday. As for why, because we need you to tell the Master Lieutenants that we wish them to train them in the arts and etiquette of being King and Queen of their respective covens.”


“You are fucking kidding me?!” I blurt out. “Brian will never agree to that!”


“Neither will Justin!” Ben starts to pace. 


And then I feel it, laughter...I frown and look at Alderman Caroline. “What is so funny, Alderman Caroline.”


“Stop toying with them, Bernardus, and let us tell them the real reason for their presence.” She orders.


“Okay, okay…” Bernardus smiles. “...the floor is yours, Caroline.”


CAROLINE


“Show me them!” I order, and the room is bathed in light and Brian Kinney is resting, but it is Justin that is causing amusement. I try not to laugh too much as he continues to try and will his teeth in! 


“You’re right, Ben, he can’t force it. They will go in naturally.” We sit in silence. “For one so pure, he has remarkably little knowledge of being a Vamp!” 


“But what I don’t understand is why?” Earl gripes. “Why he doesn’t read up on it. He is a Vamp and he’s accepted that, but apart from the speed, the skills etc, etc and so forth he doesn’t seem to know anything! I mean, he knows the laws, the honours and edicts but to be one...not so much.” 


“That’s not his fault!” Ben protests. “He didn’t ask to be born like that...” He trails off and I feel sorry for Justin. “...so what...”


“Please, Ben, let me explain.” I interrupt him gently. “Whilst you know Justin, you don’t know him entirely. You know about the war between Vampires and Humans, which raged for centuries. I am, well we all are, to this day, unsure as to how this came about, but it was decided to end the war by the sacrificing of two pure of heart members of the most powerful coven, and that was Pittsburgh. Naturally, there weren’t any takers and we thought the war would rage forever, but then two stepped up, Jack and Joan Kinney, and to everyone’s surprise two stepped in from the human side, Joshua and Lois Thorn. They said it was only fair and  that Vampires can’t be the only ones to perish. It was discovered after Lois’s death that she was pregnant, so the baby was saved by turning him pure, and that baby was Justin. They were immortalised in the Great Book and placed in consecrated ground, a huge honour, along with Joan and Jack.”


“For crying out...” Ben gasps. “...does Justin know any of that?!”


“No. But Brian does know of the sacrifice but not of the child. May I continue?” He nods slowly. “Once he was saved and made pure, he was adopted by the Taylor family. Whilst they share the same name, the line does not follow. They are not related.” 


Both Ben and I are just staring at each other. Still uncomprehending of why they would want them to train them. 


“Can you just spit this out?” Ben demands. “I am getting pissed off with the…”


“Benjamin Brucker, will you calm down?!” Bernardus orders. They eyeball each other until Ben, once more, takes a couple of breaths. “They will obey the edict of the Aldermen and train them to rule perfectly which is the last thing we want!”


“Then why are you asking them to do it?” Ben sighs.


“Because Brian and Justin are the true Kings, but we can’t tell them that. They have to find out themselves. We can’t meddle, but we can guide slightly…”


“So what happens to Michael and Lindsay in all of this?” Mel asks.

 

“They get exactly what they deserve.” Bernardus returns. “We have heard the rumours, and although thus far they could not be proven, the stench of truth lingers.”

End Notes:

if reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thanks.

He Flops and She Plots by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 3 - HE FLOPS AND SHE PLOTS


LE MONT COVEN, WASHINGTON - THURSDAY MORNING


GRAND HALL


ALDERMAN LORRELLE


“I brought this with me, your Ladyship.” I hand her back her crown.


“Thank you. Please convey my apologies, again to Alderman Earl, I didn’t think that through, and…”


“I will.” I look across at Lord Victor, he looks apprehensive. “So the reason we are back…”.  


“You need to explain why not some more?” Michael interrupts, Lord Victor glowers at him. “What? It is a perfectly good question.”


“One that should not have been asked in that manner!” I declare. “But since it was, yes, we are here to explain. To explain that we have changed our minds. You are going to be allowed to rule, but this is…”


“Seriously?! Yes!” He whoops then leaps around the hall. “I can’t wait to tell David!” 


“Michael, sit down!” Lady Deborah orders, sulkily he sits. “I don’t understand. They were so vehemently opposed to it before, and…”


“Sis, they have the right to change their minds. What are the conditions?” Lord Victor still looks guarded. “Before he interrupted, you said contingent on…”


“Yes, contingent on their behaviour improving.” 


“Exactly what is wrong with my behaviour?” He quavers incredulously.


“You don't know your place or respect those above you!” I retort. 


“My place will be as ruler of this coven. Nobody will be...”


“Silence!” Virginia blasts, who has been quiet up till now. “Not another word or I will render you mute!” He almost bites through his tongue, shutting his trap. “As my fellow Alderman is trying to say, and this has already been explained to the Taylors; is that we have now taken other factors into consideration. Change is necessary, therefore, Michael and Lindsay will be given six months to adapt and improve, so they can show that they are fit to rule…” I see his mouth open but it closes when Virginia raises a finger. “...the decision rests with the Master Lieutenants, Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor.”


“Why them?” Lord Victor frowns.


“Because they will be observing them and teaching them all they know…” I pause, smiling as the image of Justin and his fang futility pops into my head. “...and maybe some things they don’t.”


“I know everything essential about being a vampire ruler.” Michael declares. “David and I will bring fresh blood, pardon the pun, to this coven. So when does this unnecessary training begin?”


“It already has!” A voice calls from the door.


“Who is that?” Lady Deborah gasps as the figure comes closer. “Wow! If I had a few hundred years off me…”


“I would respectfully decline.” He smiles then bows. “Master Lieutenant Kinney at your service, your Ladyship.” 


“Oh my goodness!” She sighs. “Are you sure you could not be persuaded?” She almost floats when he takes her hand and kisses it.


“Absolutely, since you are cock-less.” He laughs before turning his attention to Lord Victor. “I am honoured to meet you, Lord Victor.”


“The pleasure is mine. I have heard nothing but praise for your skills and heard tales of your prowess.” Lord Victor chuckles.


“Prowess?” Michael stands, swishing his cloak behind him with a flourish. “Does that mean you admire a man, Master Lieutenant?” He turns slowly to face Michael. I avoid eye contact with Virginia, as she, like me, can feel how unimpressed he is. “Well, are you?”


“If you mean am I gay, I have answered your...”


“But I have an advantage over her.”


“Not much of one.” He holds his gaze. “Besides, don’t you have a David?”


Lord Victor stops snickering when Virginia clears her throat. “Michael, Master Lieutenant Kinney is here to do a job, and it is not one on you. Now let us sit and discuss this with the dignity and class that this warrants. You will stop behaving as if you are trying to pick him up in a bordello.”


“Fine.” He retorts and Lady Deborah glares. “I also apologise for any offence you took.” He adds, before retaking his seat. “So, this training, will it be the same for Lindsay as it is for me? Who is teaching her?” 


“As Alderman Lorrelle said, Master Lieutenant Taylor is also…”


“Now that’s hardly fair, is it?” Once more he interrupts; I know what is coming. “She has a familial advantage. So what is he...”


“Mutum reddere!” Virginia snaps, then there is blissful silence. Lord Victor shakes his head at Michael’s frantic attempts to speak, which he ignores. “I did warn you! Now, there are no familial ties between them. Yes, they share the same surname, but that is all. The Masters at Arms, Melanie Marcus and Benjamin Bruckner, will be observing in the Liberty Pitts and Le Month Washington covens respectively. This is to ensure that all protocols are followed. Not that we doubt the integrity of the Lieutenants, but having fresher eyes is helpful.”


BRIAN


This is a surprise to me. When Mel returned she never mentioned that.


“She didn't know. We only thought of it on our journey here.” Alderman Lorrelle explains. I acknowledge the read with a smile. “And yes, he is, very much so. I know that he could not beat you, but Jared will have a go!”


“Ah, the course of true love.” I tease her gently. She tries to scowl, but I can hear her laughter. “Where do we train them? Exactly how much knowledge does he have?” I pop my tongue at the babbling that is raging through Michael, who, from what I have heard, having been brought up in privilege, does not take instruction well.


“He knows the rules of the court, our history, what can and can’t be done, and about our ancestors.” Lady Deborah answers, but it is the tone that gets my attention.


“Which he follows implicitly?” I rise to sit above the fireplace. “Before you answer that, why a fireplace?”


“I like to look at the flames.” Lord victor replies.


“Fair enough. So the following part, Lady Deborah?” I prompt her, but look at Michael, whose indignation and frustration has been joined by another emotion: confusion...hmm interesting.


“To my knowledge, he has. Nobody has told me to the contrary.” She smiles but also licks her teeth. 


“Nobody has told you, or you’ve disbelieved them?” I query. She again licks her teeth...very interesting. “All will be revealed as they journey to their final destination.” I return to my seat. “May I propose a meeting between the six of us…”


“Six?” Lord Victor looks puzzled. “Ah, I see. I think this is a good idea, could this happen soon?”


“Alderman Virginia, if you could, please?” I gesture at Michael.


“I suppose so. Had hoped for this to be when we were leaving.” She clicks her fingers and we wait.


“Ndhfiwmncnjdmm n gux rhn w ovmsje ne mdshfbgm fiql kxmhnc’fn ndnfma mdmeivnms iv s”vnglw8. S’snfjso8rnc gi,snang”s clnflad jtnfmek n d9s nod,Cnsif kee,mcjenk fakfnos ciema ei’f k3ms fjg n3l we!” Michael splutters before clapping his hand over his mouth. “Webcja…?!” He exclaims seconds later.


“Knows what can and can't be done, huh?” I scoff at Lady Deborah, whose annoyance ramps up, before turning to Michael. “You need to calm down, let all things dissipate. And  the next time someone does mutum rederre you, which means render him mute, to just sit quietly. Do not try to speak because what happens once you are released from your bondage of silence, is word vomit.”


“Master Lieutenant, I am…”


“Lady Deborah of Le Mont Coven, Washington, I am aware of who you are and the lineage of this family!” I fume. When she shrinks back slightly, I hear the calming tones of Alderman Earl pushing through my anger, but she needs to know what she can and cannot do where I am concerned. “I outrank you in that respect, so no, I will not doff my cap to you, I will not lick anybody’s asses, and I will not bend for anyone!”


“I think we should end this here.” Alderman Virginia stands. “I suggest they meet on Saturday at a neutral location.”


“Agreed. We will let all parties know where that will be.” Alderman Lorrelle glides to my side, then turns to the rest of them. “Know this, the Master Lieutenants have the backing of all the Aldermen Elders, and you will all treat them as if they were us!”


TEN MINUTES LATER


LORD VICTOR


I stare into the flames before regarding my sister and nephew. “All you two had to do was be quiet and let them tell us what was going to happen. Why couldn't you do that?”


“We have the right to ask questions!” Debs bristles before stroking Michael’s arm. “Well, I think I speak on behalf of both of us when I say we are not looking forward to meeting him again, are we, Michael?!” He nods and scowls. “Such rudeness and arrogance! But it is only six months, and you know how quickly that will fly.”


“Hmmm.” Michael mumbles, still not daring to speak, much to my delight.


“Oh, I know, why not go tell David the good news?” She encourages. With a curt nod at me and a kiss to her cheek he swishes out. “You get your wish now, you can abdicate, well in six months!” 


“Do you still intend to request to be Michael’s adviser?”


“What’s wrong with that?!” She snorts. “It will be Michael and David reigning, not me.”


“Rubbish, you will still reign but alongside David, as your precious son wants the title but not everything that comes with it! And in the highly unlikely event of him passing these tests, when they find out about your duplicity, the Aldermen Elders will be furious!”


“I am not being duplicitous! Besides he will pass as long as that arrogant douchebag doesn’t set him up for failure. He has to be fair! And once he does, the Aldermen Elders will see it makes perfect sense!”


“Nobody sets Michael up for failure, Debs, but Michael. Besides if anybody has to play fair it is him!” I seethe. “Unlike Michael, Kinney’s arrogance is warranted. Maybe he is a douchebag, but not when it comes to things like this. I know of him! He has the ear, but more importantly, the backing of the Elders.” She curls her lip and heads towards the door. “Sis, the last time they sent you back without your crown. Don’t give them a reason to send you back without your head.”

 

End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thanaks.

Imperious vs Impervious by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 4 - IMPERIOUS VS IMPERVIOUS


JUPITER COVEN, MOUNT MCKINLEY, ALASKA - SATURDAY MORNING


GRAND HALL


LINDSAY


I turn to the door opening, it is a servant. He smiles briefly, then goes about his business of fluffing and plumping the truly gorgeous cushions. 


“Where is this so-called master lieutenant?!” I mutter crossly. “I do not like to be kept waiting like some common lamia!”


“He will be here when he is ready, not when you are.” A voice calls from above. I look up, and when the person comes into view I feel my still part human heart flutter. She is gorgeous! 


“My name is Master at Arms Melanie…”


“Shouldn’t that be Mistress?” I purr.


“No, and…”


“Are you quite sure about that? I can be very persuasive.” I interrupt. “In fact, it has…”


“I am positive that it never will be.” She cuts me off. Oh, I do like a challenge! “Marcus. I represent Master Lieutenant Kinney, and…”


“I was told his name is Taylor.” I fume. Whilst she is gorgeous, I am a princess and she will treat me with the manners and respect that title conveys! I gaze at her. “And my name is…”


“Princess Lindsay Taylor. I am aware, also don’t give a fuck. I shall be outside, waiting for someone who has earned my respect and manners!”


I am stunned when she quickly strides out, banging the door shut behind her. I retake my seat with a smile. Like I said, I like a challenge.


INSIDE OF LE MONT COVEN ROLLS ROYCE - SAME TIME


BEN


I stare out the window, wishing Justin was here to calm me down. I can't believe after all these years, it is him, and he is being allowed to rule! He is stretched along the seat reading a comic instead of the notes that Brian told me to give him. When I tried to convince  him to, he said he will read it when he got there as he was bound to have questions. 


“So, Ben…”


“Master at Arms Bruckner.” I correct him while still looking out the window.


“Lord Michael.” He snarks back.


“You are not a Lord. Lord Victor is, and you are his nephew, not his son. At best, you are a master, so I suppose I should call you sir. Sir.”


“My mother’s title is Lady…”


“We’re here.” His driver interrupts. 


He sits up and looks out of the window. “Wow, this is nice!”


Once the car glides to a stop, I get out and take my things out of the trunk and head to the door.


“Excuse me!” His driver calls out. “Lord Michael wishes to leave the car!”


I smile and keep on walking, making sure to close the door firmly behind me. I frown when I see a foot shaking Mel sitting outside the Great Hall doors. I love the Jupiter Coven, there are very few Vamps here. It is used for training mostly, and for places of contemplation. 


“Ooh, what’s up?” I drop my bags, then wait for her to glide into my arms. Her banging her head repeatedly on my chest is a surprise. “Mel?”


“We need to seriously talk alone!” She whispers. “Fuming does not come close!”


“Give me…” I begin, only to be stopped by the hall doors opening.


“Finally, you took your time.” A haughty blonde snipes. “Well, let’s get this started, Master Lieu…”


“Not him.” Mel bites out. “Let me show you to your quarters, Ben.”


I catch the fire in her eyes and take up my bags just as the Coven doors open. The driver, followed by Michael, strides in. 


“Michael!” The blonde cries. “How lovely to see you. Come in, come in!” She gestures like a grabby toddler. “Follow them.” She orders the driver. “You can take his things to his room, then come down for mine. They are by the door. Knock before you enter.” Michael sweeps inside, shutting the door behind him.


For a few seconds, nobody moves, then the driver seemingly shakes his head. He looks at the cases, then at us. “What am I doing with these?” 


“Don’t know, but you can go now.” Mel replies with a smile.


“Okay, um, wow, um, can I just say it’s an honour to be in your presence?”


“Is it?” I frown. He was distinctly chilly in the car on the way up here.


“Yes!” He grins. “Two of the best Masters at Arms, wow!” He pulls his phone out then goes to put it back but stops. “I’m a half too…” He mutters shyly. “...in about two minutes, we should be able to, I mean if you don't mind?”


What the heck is going on with this guy?!


“I’m fine with it, what about you, Ben?” Mel nudges me, so I nod.


“Can I touch them?” He gestures at my talisman, again we nod. “How many disciplines did you go through?” He whispers as he checks out Mel’s.


“Two hundred.” She answers proudly.


“Oh wow...oh, it’s time!” He squeals and stands between us. “Ready?”


“Yep, ready.” I reply, and he quickly takes the picture. “I am so nervous!” I admit as we wait for the photo to show up. “Haven't seen myself in years!”


“Really?! Well trust me, you both are...oooh, look! Look!” He gasps. 


I blink rapidly. It's me. Being a half means your human side will sometimes shimmer through, and you can see your reflection, or in this case, take a photo. 


“Oh, why didn’t Brian tell me about my hair?!” Mel grumbles. “That is not a good look on me!”


“Bullshit. There is nothing wrong with your hair that a good brush couldn't fix!” I turn around, then am pinned to the wall by the one and only Brian Kinney. “Hello, you must be Ben, aren’t you handsome?” He drawls.


“Put him down, Brian!” Alderman Earl comes in chuckling. “You gave your word!”


“I can look…”


“Look, not pin! Down!” 


“He doesn’t seem to mind.” He quirks his eyebrows. “He’s not…”


“Put him down!” I chuckle at the furious expression on Justin’s face. “He has a boyfriend and you are much too powerful! Put him down!” Brian Kinney slowly turns around, and whatever invective was about to come out of Justin’s mouth doesn't, as he is drooling. “Please. He’s, um, my Master at and you uh, need to, the thing, you’re doing, it’s not right, Olderman Bernaearl said you gave your word…” He babbles into silence. 


“Do you speak whatever the hell language that was, Ben?” Brian snickers and Mel smiles.


“Ease on up.” Mel laughs. He waves me away from the wall. 


“Brian Kinney.” He strides to a-rooted-to-the-spot Justin, his hand outstretched, which Justin pumps firmly. “Master Lieutenant Taylor, nice to meet you too. I look forward to seeing how equal we both in and out of training of these two would be leaders. From what I have heard, you have the same outlook as me, perhaps we could go on the prowl one night?” Then something really weird happens. Justin’s eyes glow! I have never seen him do that. “I will take that as a yes. Look forward to it, but to the matters in hand. Let’s put our things away and reconvene in ten minutes. Agreed?”


“Agreed.” Alderman Earl is grinning like the proverbial Cheshire Cat. “Let us...oh, who are you?” He is looking at the mesmerised driver. 


“I brought him, Alderman Earl.” He answers and points at the door.


“You may go now.” I tell the driver. He hugs us both, bows to the Alderman, but doesn’t know what to do with Brian and Justin, so goes for a clumsy curtsy and bow thing then is gone.


“He was told to come unaccompanied!” Alderman Earl growls. He sighs, then turns to Mel. “As for her?”


“Also driven, Alderman Earl.” Mel sighs. Again, I feel her tension.


“I see.” Alderman Earl pinches the bridge of his nose. “To our rooms!” He orders, and shoots to the top of the stairs before coming immediately back down, slightly sheepishly. “Do you know which one is mine?”


“Yes, Alderman.” Mel laughs, and points to the left of the stairs. “Right down the end.”.


“Okay, let’s go!” Justin picks up his things and take the stairs two at a time.


“What the hell are you doing?” Brian demands as we float alongside him.


“You don’t have to use that all the time.” Justin returns. Again I gape, he is blushing!


“He’s right, Brian, you do things your way, he does things his way. That’s what makes us individual.” Alderman Earl states briskly. “But for speed, perhaps you could just…”


“I will take this room!” Justin declares, and quickly goes inside. We all look at each other in bewilderment and wait.


“It’s the next one, Master Lieutenant.” Mel keeps the laughter out of her voice. “I believe that is the storage closet.” He doesn’t say or do anything. “Let’s just go to our rooms. Brian, you and I are are on the next floor, Ben you are next to Justin.”


“Are we just gonna leave him in there?” Brian frowns.


“He’ll come out of the closet when he’s ready.” I reply. Seconds later, it is just me. “You can come out now.” I say as I tap the door.


“Not one word!” Justin growls, then stalks into his room, slamming the door behind him.


ALDERMAN EARL’S ROOM - FIVE MINUTES LATER


EARL


‘Stop it, pull yourselves together!” I try not to join in with the laughing Aldermen. They had been watching from the Great Hall in Iceland, but now they are here, one of the advantages of blooming.


“Did...oh gosh...did he seriously do that?! I didn’t imagine it?!” Caroline chortles.


“I don’t know what was funnier; his gibber gabbing or that!” Lorrelle snickers.


“It was a tie.” I laugh. “He was amused, not disgusted, so that’s good.”


“Who? Oh Brian. Yes, that is good.” Bernardus snorts, then we all go quiet. “So what happens next?” 


“The two brats start their lessons.” I reply, then frown. “But there is tension, from both Mel and Ben. Animosity towards the wannabe rulers. And the driver’s confusion…”


“Yes, we noticed that too.” Lloyd nods. “Show them!” He commands. The room is bathed in light, Michael and Lindsay are just lounging about. They have the servants actually spoon feeding them and their ‘homework’ has been abandoned. “No way would they be doing that without it, no way!” 


“We have to catch them.” Bernardus sighs.


“Leave this to the Master Lieutenants.” We all go quiet as Elder Statesman Rodney blooms into the room. “You cannot interfere in that either!” Then breaks into a grin. “I don’t think I have ever seen anything so funny in my life! It will be fun to watch him teach the three of them!”


“Um…” I trail off, unsure what to do next. 


“So I am here to have a little fun of my own.” He settles down on the sofa. “Now, I want you to tell me everything about Lord Victor.”

End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively, thanks.

Show Us What You Know by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 5 - SHOW US WHAT YOU KNOW


BRIAN’S ROOM


BRIAN


She is simmering like an about-to-spout geyser; now is not the time to be an ass! “So, the problem is?”


“Apart from his complete non use of his pureness?!” She laughs, it’s a start. “I could be wrong…” She sighs. “...but I felt like she was trying to compel me.” When I say nothing she rolls her eyes. “Didn’t imagine it then?”


“Nope, I felt something. What would make her think this would go unnoticed?”


“She is a narcissist perhaps?” I tug on her ankle. “Oh, how could I forget that my head must not be higher than yours? Why not just shave your head and go full Yul from The King and I?!”


“Love my hair and you are still too high.” I point out, she touches down with a smirk. “Good job, you aren't wearing a kilt!” She snipes up at me. “I think I have seen more than enough of you without having to see them as well!”


“You're just jealous that your pitiful dildo can't compete. I never run out of batteries, I just keep going and going…


“I do not want that in my head!” She glares at me as I land. “So what do we do?”


“Give them time to make themselves comfortable, get used to us and our ways, as we both well know, when people get comfortable…”


“...they make mistakes.”


JUSTIN’S ROOM - SAME TIME


BEN


“Had you fed before you got here?”


“Nope.” Justin lays out his uniform, searching for non-existent creases. “Why?”


“You blushed.” He gazes at me and I nod. “And glowed.”


“I did?! Have I done that before? Why would I do that?”


“Your want is here.” I grin at his confusion, but as much as I want to spell it out, he needs to work it out himself. “So, to the other issue, it’s him.”


“Who him?” He pulls out his sword, it glints in the lowlight of the room.


“Michael. He is the one.” Justin goes still. “I am sure. It’s him.”


“I will speak to Alderman Earl immediately. Stay here, do not open for anyone but me!”


“Justin, I shared a car with him. He did nothing but read a comic. It’s been over 70 years, he didn’t recog…”


“Nobody but me!” He orders, and stalks out.


JUSTIN


I am so furious! I take the stairs two at a time. Alderman Earl’s room is on the upper galley, six floors up.


“You will get there much quicker if you float.” I stop storming, surprised to see Brian alongside me. “What’s put a burr in your britches?”


“How did you get here?”


“Felt your anger, wondered why, came to check.”


“Oh. Well, there was no need, I can handle this myself.”


“Then you won't mind telling me what the ‘this’ is, will you?”


I sigh. “It’s Ben…”


“Is he still mewling about that point? She beat him fair and square, tell him to get over it.” 


“Point? What point? Oh, that one. No, it’s not that, although I still think they should’ve tied. No, it’s...when Ben was human, he was with a half-blood who got a little, well not a little, a lot rough. He ended up in the hospital. The guy made a half-assed job of sealing the bite, and he was bleeding out. Jared, his boyfriend of many, many years, turned him to save his life.”


“And that half-blood was Master Michael? Is he sure?” Brian’s eyes flash. “Does Michael remember him?”


“He doesn't think so, but you’ve heard tales of his promiscuity, haven’t you?”


“Yeah. He’s had more dick than me, though to look at him it is very hard to believe! He is utterly charmless.”


“Not had the pleasure.”


“What about the other rumours? What do you believe of them?”


I stop, glad to have someone to speak to on this. “This is gonna sound so weird, but about an hour ago, I felt this weird pulling sensation, then seconds later a push.”


“Felt it too. The push was me, couldn't tell who the pull was, but have an idea.”


“Him again?!” I fume, but he shakes his head. “Surely not her?!”


Maybe, maybe not. Tonight’s dinner should be interesting.” He chuckles. “Well, we're here.”


BRIAN


He looks at the door in surprise, so whilst he is doing that, I lower him to the floor. With a smile and a slight bow, I head back to my room. Mel is smirking when I get there. “What?”


“You helped him. Why?”


“I did not help him, I helped myself get where we needed to be quicker.” I counter, then join her in smirking. “For someone who knows the ins and outs of being a Vamp, he doesn't actually know how to be one, but he’s learning.”


“What do you me...oh, for landsakes, the tunic is perfect!” She slaps my hand away from it. “What do you mean about Justin?”


“He felt the compulsion attempt, it was him that pushed it back, but I said it was me.”


“Why?” 


“I have no idea. Am going to get ready.” I head to get changed, confused as to why I said that.


DINING HALL - TWO HOURS LATER


LINDSAY


I have to admit that Master Lieutenant Kinney is a fine specimen of a man. He hasn't said much to me, which I find annoying.


“Don't you find his arrogance wearisome?” Michael sighs.


“Yes.” I look up to where he has chosen to place himself above the mantle. “His actual loftiness is beginning to irk. Master Lieutenant, I would prefer it if you joined us on the floor.” 


“Well, until there is someone whose company I wish to be in, I will remain up here.”


“Oh, how I wish I could float like the purebloods!” Michael spits.


“Me too. That and the ability to read amongst other powers.” The door opening brings in one of the servants from earlier. Michael and I share a smile. They were so easy to bend to our will. Michael really wanted to have the blond, but with Alderman Earl here, he daren’t risk it. “What is it?”


“Dinner is about to be served.” 


“Well, bring it in along with the rest of our guests.” I demand.


“We’re eating in the State Room across the hall…” 


“We? Who is ‘we’, and who decided this?” Michael exhorts. We are royalty, well some more than others. Our orders supercede anybody else’s!


“Alderman Earl.” The servant replies with an annoyed look. “Now come along, you've kept him waiting long enough!” He holds the door open wider. “After you, Master Lieutenant.”


“I am a princess, he is master, and…”


“Neither of you by blood.” The servant cuts me off. “You are half-bloods. No matter what  your title is, you will always be outranked by a pureblood.”


“It’s alright, let them go ahead.” Master Lieutenant comes down to earth.  I give him a grudging smile of thanks. “I like to see the asses I am about to kick before I kick them.” I turn to face him. “You can think it, but I would advise against saying it.” 


“Come on, Lindsay, let’s see how he takes to being rebuked by the Alderman. He will show him his place!” Michael snarls, with a scathing look at the servant, I follow Michael to the room.


ALDERMAN EARL


Oh, how I am looking forward to this! As the door is opened, Michael and Lindsay stride in, looking peevish. “You are late.” I point out as they start to sit down while Brian remains standing. “Did I say you could sit?”


“May we sit?” Lindsey's tone almost rots my teeth!


“You may.”


“We would’ve been here earlier if we were told this was where we are eating. And speaking of communicating…” Michael cuts his eye at Brian. “...the Master Lieutenant seems to think that he can speak to us as he wishes. Kindly remind him that…”


“As Aldermen Lorrelle and Caroline told you, he has our ear and backing. Now you will apologise to him for your rudeness and presumption that he should bow and scrape to you!” I steeple my fingers and glare at them. “We are waiting. I caution against further delay, I am not known for my patience!”


“I will not apologise to him!” Lindsay exclaims.


“Neither will I!”


“Mutum rederre!” I snap. “Then remain silent!” I signal the servants and they serve. It doesn't take us long to finish. It is the tapping of her knife that gets my attention. “I take it you are ready to apologise now?” She nods as does he. “Are you ready to accept the apologies?”


“No, Alderman Earl, I will accept in the morning.” Brian drawls and stands. “I think it would be best if we four retired to plan the training.”


“Good. I think I will return to my room.” I pause as I get to the door. “And by the way, there is a change of plan. You, Lindsay, will be taught by Brian and Mel, and Michael by Justin and Ben.” Two sets of eyes widen, smiling happily, I shut the door on their abject fury.


“Why the change of plan, Alderman?” Mel frowns.


“We changed our minds, no other reason than that.” I reply and look up the stairs. “I think I will try walking up this thing. Good night all.”


BRIAN


“Did you speak to Alderman Earl earlier, Justin?”


“No, he wasn't there. Shall we get on?”


“Yes sir!” I give him a sharp salute. He rolls his eyes and points to the study with a smile, which I return with a snort afterwards...since when do I snort?!


STATE ROOM


MICHAEL


Oh, I can't wait to get trained by him, he is gorgeous!


LINDSAY


The only good thing about this is that I get closer to Mel! 


ALDERMAN EARL’S ROOM - FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER


RODNEY


“What? What are you looking at me like that for?” I demand of the Aldermen.


“You said, we could not interfere.” Caroline bristles. “But you lowered their powers!”


“I said you could not interfere, I said nothing about me. And I did not lower, I made them more receptive, totally different.” I sniff. “Now excuse me, I have a Lord to visit!”

End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively, thanks.

From Waifs to Pages by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 6 - FROM WAIFS TO PAGES


STUDY - FIVE MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


I had heard of him, obviously. He is my equal in skills, and has just the right amount of arrogance. I clear my throat. “So where do you think we should start?”


“Basic skill set, knowledge and adherence; and I want to meet their consorts, get their thoughts on acceding with them.” Justin replies thoughtfully. I smirk at him. “What? Why should that get that reaction?”


“Nothing. No reason.” I reply. He frowns and watches me for a few seconds. “Do continue.” I prompt, enjoying his confusion and slight discomfort.


“Yes, well between these walls, we all…”


“Ahem, don’t you think the room should be protected first, before you espouse your theory?” Mel gives me a warning look. “I am happy to do that for you. As you well know, automatic protection only applies to rooms with an Alderman present.”


“Yes, if you could that would be great, thank you.” His response is polite, his thoughts not so much. 


Oh, this is going to be so much fun!


“Stop that!” He snaps. 


“Stop what? And who?” Ben looks between us with a small smile.


“Him…” He jabs his finger at me. “...and he knows what he is doing, so stop!” 


“What am I doing?” I frown as I am not actually doing anything. I pull Mel towards me. She says nothing, just looks into my eyes then nods.


“What’s going on?” Justin frowns, but Ben shushes him. “What’s…”


“Justin, sssh, they’re talking.” 


“Go get whoever it is and bring them here.” She nods before glimmering out. “I think it would be best if we stepped away, Justin. Ben, wait for her return, okay?”  


“Sure.” Ben again has that small smile.


“Just in the shadows. The element of surprise can loosen a tongue as well as a bowel.” 


“Ewww!” Justin cringes.


“Why are you cringing? Purebloods don’t do that.”


“Yes, I know that, but still, eww!”


It doesn't take her long to come back with a young boy. “Who are you?” Ben asks.


“Gus.” He replies.


“How old are you?”


“70.” He puffs out his chest, which makes me smile.


“What were you doing out there?” Mel asks, before taking off her tunic and wrapping it around him. “Who else is with you?”


“Nothing and nobody.” He replies quickly, too quickly. 


“Who is out there?” I step out of the shadows and Gus’s eyes widen. “Who?”


“My...my sister JR, Sir! Master Lieutenant Kin...Taylor!” He squeaks as Justin also steps into view. 


“You a halfblood?” I ask quietly, and look him over. He looks pale. “When did you last feed?”


“Yes, we both are, and a few days ago.” 


“Are you strong enough to take her to your sister?” Justin queries, and even though he nods, we all know he’s not. “Can you tell me where she is?”


“She’s by the brook, there is a cave.” 


“I will be right...”


“Justin, let Brian go with you.” Mel orders. “Ben, go to the kitchen and get him something to eat. Is there something that she would recognise so that she would come with them?”


“Yeah, just him. She has a bit of a crush on Master Lieutenant Kinney.” He giggles.


“I do not!” Is exclaimed from outside the door. Mel rushes to open it to reveal a little girl, no more than fifty is standing there hands on hips, glaring at Gus. “Take that back right now!”


“Sis! How did you get here?!” Gus exclaims. “Look at your feet! Where are your shoes?!”


“Followed you, I took them off because you were walking too fast - had to keep up. Take. It. Back!”


“Feisty little thing.” I chuckle.


“So what if I am feisty?!” She snaps, still glaring at Gus. “You need to retract both your teeth and that lie.”


“Um, may…”


“You, I shall deal will in a minute!” She waves me away, much to our amusement. “I am waiting!”


“Sis, look up.” Gus chortles.


“At what, what could…” Her words die as she sees me.


“Hi.” I grin down at her, she says nothing. “My name is Brian Kinney, you can call me Brian, I guess. This is Justin Taylor, and...you are…have fainted. Great!”


The room starts to shimmer, and Alderman Lorrelle blooms in. “Oh, the poor thing! Caroline, for hell’s teeth sake, bloom faster!”


“Sorry, had to check on something!” She explains hurriedly. “You should be very proud, both of you, for getting hear all by yourselves.” He does look pleased. “But first you must feed! Ben!”


“Coming, just coming!” He hurries in with some plasma. “Didn't want to overload his system.”


“Good thinking. Now, you sit by the fire, and…”


“Excuse me, but, but are you, are you Aldermen Caroline and Lorelle?” He whispers awed.


“Yes we are.” Caroline smiles. “Now come on Gus, please eat. Ah, she is coming around. Good.” Slowly she opens her eyes and looks around the room. “I will get some water for her feet. Though they are healing, they look sore. Won’t be long.”


“Gus, how long have I been asleep and when did we get wherever we are?” She whispers. “I had the greatest dream that we were…” She pauses and slowly sits up. “...not dreaming?” 


“Nope.” Mel laughs. “So what does he call you, apart from Sis?”


“Jenny Rebecca.” She gives a shy smile, then leans closer to Mel. “Did I really try and wave him away?”


“Yeah you did.” 


“Is he mad?”


“No, and I speak and hear perfectly, so shall we try the introductions again?”


“My name is Gus Schickel-Green, and this is my sister, Jenny Rebecca Schickle-Green, and we know who you are! All of you!” 


“What are you doing here? You are very young to be out and about by yourselves.” Caroline demands as she kneels down to inspect her feet. “Ben, could you?”


“Of course.” He takes Jenny Rebecca’s foot gently in his hand, she is just keeps looking from Ben to her feet as he tends to her wounds. “Which coven are you from?”


“Knight-Wing.” Gus replies. “It's on the other side of the brook, about seventy miles north. As for what we are doing here, we wanted to see if it was true, and it is.”


“What is true?” Ben asks, tucking his tunic around her. She almost bursts into flames.


“That you were here and going to train those to accede. We snuck out.” Jenny-Rebecca giggles before burrowing deeper. “And I prefer JR to Jenny-Rebecca, please.”


“As you wish. Now, Gus and JR, you shouldn’t have. George and Brandon are so worried, poor Todd was frantic!” Caroline scolds them. “You owe them all apologies when you get back.”


“Back?” Gus looks crestfallen. “Back? Do you mean we’re going now?”


“Alderman Caroline, perhaps they can go tomorrow?” Justin suggests. “Since they’ve made such an effort?” 


“Hmm. A disobedient one, but yes, they may. Now, as for the sleeping arrangements, they can…”


“Go and rest in the rooms currently reserved for Master Michael and Princess Lindsay since they have retired to the lounge.” Ben grumbles then smiles. “To sit in silence.”


“Silence? Have they taken a vow or something?” Gus joins JR on the sofa, on the other side of Ben. 


“No, doofus, they’ve been muted, haven’t they?!” We are all stunned that she even knows this at her age. “What did they do?!”


“And who did it to them?” Gus pipes up. “I would loved to have seen it.”


“They were disrespectful to the Master Lieutenant, and it was Alderman Earl.” Caroline can’t keep a straight face. “Her first, his second.”


“And he didn’t learn the first time - what a tool!” JR scoffs before yawning.


“That’s it, time for you two to rest.” Caroline smiles.


“Ben, Mel, will you do the honours? We wish to speak to Brian and Justin privately, please.”


REFECTORY - NEXT MORNING


LINDSAY


I am bored out of my mind, and all the things I want to say are so loud! Trust him to want to wait until the morning for the apology, I wasn't able to rest, not just because we were unceremoniously dumped out of our rooms to make way for two urchins, but now we are up at the crack of dawn at the behest of Master Lieutenant Taylor! I look across at Michael, and he looks as miserable and frustrated as I. 


I reach for a piece of paper, and scribble quickly; where is he?! It is intolerable to be kept waiting like this! I fold it, and whilst Taylor is not looking slide it across to Michael. He takes it and then frowns before sliding it back to me. I gape at the nonsense that is written.


“You’ve been rendered mute, therefore, all forms of communication are cut off to you until such time as you have been released. You’d think a princess without much to do all day would know that. Basic knowledge.” She holds out her hand. “May I have that please?” I sit back and glare at this impertinent scallywag. “I repeat, may I have that please?” I shake my head. “Master Lieutenant, I have asked her for the paper, and she has refused.”


Justin comes up, his eye cold and his smile glacial. “Princess Lindsay, may I introduce you to your scholar and Master Lieutenant Kinney’s page, Jenny Rebecca, or JR for short; and Master Michael…” He beckons over a young boy, who has a lot of papers in his hands. “...this is your scholar, and my page, Gus. I will leave you in their more than capable hands; but before that, she asked you for the paper. Give it to her.” 


Furious I fling it on the table. She flicks it back into my lap. “That is not giving. I wish you to place it on my hand as I politely requested.”


“I would do as she asks if I were you…” Master Lieutenant Kinney’s drawl floats down. “...because I won't let you apologise until you do.”  I feel my fangs lengthen and sharpen as I hand it to her. “Better, JR?”


“Much. Thank you, Brian.” She replies. 


“What does it say?” Kinney, for now I refuse to think of him as above me in any sense, asks as he lands by her side. 


“She wanted to know where you were, as this waiting is intolerable.” 


“Well, here I am. Now before we come to your sycophantic apology to myself and JR for your lack of manners; let me tell you what today will involve. Study, lots and lots of study, for this morning; then this afternoon, exams on what you studied. Alderman Earl, if you please!” He calls up to the ceiling. “Now remember what happened last time, Michael, let the words, thoughts and feelings dissipate. I suggest you follow his lead, Lindsay, you have embarrassed yourself enough.”


LOUNGE - LATE EVENING


MICHAEL


We are quietly humiliated, seething over the behaviour of both Master Lieutenants and their despotic dickens, who because they weren’t pleased with our knowledge, have decreed that we have to retake our exams in the morning, before we travel back to Pittsburgh.


“Why are we going back do you think?” Lindsay frowns. “I thought we would be here longer?”


“Don’t know, but I look forward to being on homeground again. There are advantages to that.”


“Yes, there are, and I can't wait to take them!” She smiles, and I can't help but smile back.

 

End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.

Levelling the Playing Field...Plus They Go In! by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 7 - LEVELLING THE PLAYING FIELD...PLUS THEY GO IN!


OUTSIDE JUPITER COVEN - POST EXAMS


MICHAEL


“You can’t do that!” I exclaim, but they keep walking. “You aren't serious?!” 


Gus stops and turns around. “You were told that if you passed you would be afforded the luxury of accompanying us; if not, you make your own way. You failed, both of you.” 


“By one point!” Lindsay protests.


“Yeah, shame it was the same question you failed on. Rule one when cheating: cheat well!” JR yells back. “Now head in that direction…” She points down a pathway. “...that is where the railway station is, it should only take you a couple of days to get back!”


“My Mother will be furious!” I bellow, but they keep walking. Five minutes later, we are heading down the path. “I can’t believe they are treating us like this, can you?! Ouch!” I wince she flicks me hard on the ear. “Don’t do that!”


“It is the least that you deserve! It is because of you that I am not with them. You copied me, now they think that I cheated!” 


“You shouldn’t have left your paper exposed. Oh for fuck, stop it!” I cry out as she flicks me harder, twice. “Alright, I am sorry!” I rub my ear and she looks smug.


“Good. Now do you have your phone with you?”


“Yes. Why?” I frown.


“Despite the myth, we do not possess the sonar hearing of bats! We need the maps app so we can find the station unless you know where it is?!” 


I fume at her tone, but take out my phone to check. “Oh, for buggering hell sake! It's a ten mile walk!”


“Let’s keep the chat to a minimum, this is going to be hard enough!” She snaps.


LE MONT WASHINGTON COVEN - SIX HOURS LATER


HALL


LORD VICTOR


“I can’t believe they are here!” Emmett, my trusted advisor of over seventy years, whispers as the group waits outside. “This is all that people are talking about. Do you wish me to leave?”


“Yes.” Debs orders.


“No, please stay.” I glare at her. She and Emmett do not get along at the best of times, but when it comes to protocol and Michael, they are like hyenas and lions fighting over a carcass. “Try to keep the attack of the vapours down to a minimum!” I tease him.


“This is family business, Vic, he should not be privy to…”


“He is staying, but if it bothers you so much…”


“Fine! But I shall bring them in!” She huffs, then stalks out.


We say nothing for a few seconds, then start to giggle. “Oh, you are a one!” He smiles. “Are you sure that…”


“Sure. You have the best interests of the coven at heart. Besides, having another set of eyes and ears does no harm.”


“Fair enough. Teddy said the Taylors took it well.” He licks his teeth. “Must get a polish done. “I can’t see the same thing happening here.” 


“Me neither, but we can but hope.” I sigh. “What is taking her so long, they were just outside the door!”


I am about to go and check when the door swings open. A pouting Debs leads them in, but only as far as inside the door. She takes her seat to my right then says nothing. 


I sigh at her acts of irascibility and rudeness, then wave them forward. “Welcome, welcome! Please, all of you sit.” I gesture to the sofas and can’t help the little smile as JR barges Gus out of the seat next to Brian. “So, where is Michael?” 


“Yes, please tell me what you have done with my son?” Debs snarks. Ah, so that’s it, he's screwed up...again!


“Having some much needed disciplinary structure added to his life.” Justin replies. “Now, we wish to speak…”


“Justin, sweetie, this…”


“It is Master Lieutenant Taylor, Lady Deborah, we are not at a ‘sweetie’ level of familiarity.” I look away at her affronted expression, because I know I will laugh. The silence stretches on as she and Justin lock horns. “You want to know, more than I want to tell you.” He drawls, a vein pulses in her cheek. “What does that feel like? As a pureblood, I don’t have the ‘vein’ response that halfs do.”


Her eyes widening makes Brian smile. Seems they are of the same mindset when it comes to the grandstanding attitude that my sister has.


“Master Lieutenant Taylor, where is my son?” She grits out.


“No idea at all. Left him and his fellow cheater to make their own way back from Jupiter Coven. I do hope the route they took has blood banks, you know what happens when a half’s reserves get low…”


“Perhaps, Lord Victor, we could discuss the reason for our visit?” Ben interrupts. 


“Why him? Because he's a man?” Debs gripes.


“No.” Ben retorts. “Because he does not have rose coloured glasses on. Whilst I do not hold the lineage that you do, I have twice the strength and backing!” 


Hmm what is that about I wonder!


“Down, boy.” Mel chides him. “I feel that I am a less emotive for Lady Deborah, so will continue. The Master Lieutenants wish to have private counsel with Michael’s consort…”


“Why?” Debs frowns.


“It is standard protocol.” Mel smiles, whilst I try to think when the hell did that come into effect?! “Obviously, they have to make sure that they understand how this will change their lives, check if they are comfortable with the level of scrutiny that this brings.”


“Of course he is! He loves Michael.” Debs exclaims.


“Which we need to hear from him, not you.” Brian retorts. “Now where is he to be found?”


“David is studying at the moment, I will go…” Debs starts to leave before turning back with a frown. “...who is doing that?!” She glares at them. “Who is reading me?!”


“It could any one of us.” Ben returns with a cold look.


“Why don't I get them?!” Emmett suggests.


“Them?” Mel frowns.


“Yes, David and Christopher are studying together.” Emmett explains. “I won’t be long!” He trills and rushes out.


“He seems sweet.” Ben chuckles. “How long has he been your advisor, Lord Victor?”


“Seventy years, and has never steered me wrong. Would you like refreshments, especially the little ones?”


“Speaking of those sweethearts.” Debs beams. “Where do they fit in this arrangement?” 


“Pages and scholars.” Brian replies. “I see what you mean, Lord Victor, the flames are calming. Do you two want something to eat? By that, I mean do you want honey cake, which I believe is speciality of one Emmett Honeycutt?”


“You know about that?!” Emmett gasps as he times his arrival, as usual, perfectly. “You! As in you, know about that?!”


“It is important when going into battle, in order to win the war, to know the enemy, both their strengths and weaknesses.” Justin replies with smile. “So...is there any?”


“I...uh, David and Chris, meet and greet yourselves, I will be right back!” 


“Yes!” Justin cries before he notices the look on Brian’s face. “Would you believe low blood sugar?”


“No.” Brian snickers.


Debs clears her throat which kills the happy atmosphere stone dead. “This is David, he has been with my Michael, happily, for years. And this is his adopted brother, Chris, he is…”


“They are both adopted.” JR points out. “Why do you give Chris the additional moniker and remove yourself from his parental line?” Debs blinks at her. “You said ‘my Michael’ when referring to him, but ‘his adopted brother’ when referring to Chris. Hi, by the way. To me, it is as if you are trying to single him out as different when they are both the same, unless of course, you play favourites.”


“You say that David and Michael are happy.” Mel stares at David 


“Yes, they are. Why are you questioning it?” Debs sneers.


“Because he’s not happy, and hasn't been for a while.” Chris replies.


“What do you mean?! Of course they are happy! You’re just jealous because he gets to accede as Lord, and you are the concubine!” Debs barks.


“I am not a concubine, I don't want to accede, but it is the only way!”


“What’s this?” Justin demands, rising from his seat to stand in front of Chris. “Are you two, of course you are...how long?” A relieved looking David takes Chris’s hand. “So a while then?”


“Yes, but we’ve not done anything, not even kissed, just been together.” Chris explains. “We were going to tell Michael and Lindsay, then seek another coven, but Lady Deborah and Queen Jennifer went to the Aldermen, so we had to wait. When they said no, we thought this was our moment, but then they changed their minds. So we thought at least this way we…”


“Could be together…” David finishes. “...whilst the two of them were basking in the glory of power. I know Michael, I know what he would do if Chris is still a layman, he would banish him!”


“Right!” Emmett calls out as he comes back in ladened with a tray of honey cakes. “I will just set this down and then get some…” He stops, looks around, then sighs. “...what has happened?”


“He is cheating on Michael with his brother!” Debs shrieks.


“We are not cheating!” Chris protests. “We have just been in each other’s company. The more time we spent together, the more we like each other!” 


“No way are two halfblood gay vamps not at least blowing each other!” Debs snarls. “Wait till Michael hears about this! Pack your bags and wait in the turret! I, Lady Deborah hereby ban...”


“Hell no, you don’t have the authority to do that!” Emmett reminds her sharply. “That remit falls to Lord Victor, and they have not...”


“How would you know that?!” Debs steps up to him.


“Because they are honourable men, and…” I declare getting between her and him when I see his eyes flash. “...you are to step back, Lady Deborah, or leave!” 


“Vic!” She exclaims. 


“Step or leave!” Justin fumes. “I see where he gets it from!” 


“Everyone calm down!” Brian orders. “As Emmett has said, you can’t banish anyone, and judging by Lord Victor’s response, he has suspected something for a while, correct?”


“Yes.” I concede. “This is going to be horrific when Michael hears about this.”


JUSTIN


“Why? Why can’t we proceed as we would, and…” David starts.


“You know what, that could work. I mean, I would have to speak to Michael, and there would have to be absolute discretion. We could not have this get out, think of the embarrassment that would cause?!” Unlady Deborah is beginning to piss me right off!


“Lady Deborah…” 


Say mutum rederre, say now and say it loud!


“Mutum rederre!” I shout.


“Oh my goodness!” Emmett gasps. “Did you really just mute her?!”


Say yes!


“Yes.” 


“But how?!” Lord Victor gapes at me. “I thought only Aldermen could do that!”


“Not necessarily.” Brian states. “Now, Lady Deborah, remember what happened to your kinfolk. Keep that mind blank, let your annoyance and indignation, jealousy, and hatred of the situation, as you call him, yet are happy to use him to suit your own ends, dissipate.” 


“What do you mean by that?!” Lord Victor exclaims.


“She knew. It is written all over her face. She knew! What did you hope to achieve?!”


“Muted remember?” Brian laughs. “Now finish it. Bring us back to the beginning.”


I can feel the panic rising, I can’t do this, whatever this is! 


Repeat after me...conloquio hoc nunquam factum est!


“Conloquio hoc nunquam factum est!” The room seems to quiver for a few long seconds, then I don’t know how but I know what to say next. “Lady Deborah, are you alright?”


“Par...pardon?” She frowns. “What do you mean am I alright?! No, of course not! Someone read me! You have abandoned my son in the midst of fuck knows where, and…” She turns to JR. “...and as for you, I don’t play favourites! You need to remember that you are the child and I am the adult!”


“You’d never know right now the way you are behaving!” Lord Victor snaps, then looks at his beeping phone. “I think you should leave and look out for your Michael. He managed to use his dubious charms to blag a plane ride for the pair of them. They land at Pittsburgh Airport in an hour!”


“Fine!” She spits and strides out, banging the door shut behind her.


“Question: how the hell…” Ben begins, then gapes at the back of the room. “Oh my goodness, you channelled him?!”


“Yes. Good evening all.” Elder Statesman Rodney strides towards us. “No, no, no, none of this…” He objects as we all drop to one knee. “...please get up and sit down!” He waits till we are seated. “Et oblinito locus!” He waits for a few seconds more. “Yes,  perfect.” He sits next to Brian and smiles at him. “That was naughty!”


“What was?” Brian blinks at him..


“Can someone please tell me what is going on?!” Gus is staring at Elder Statesman Rodney in awe. “What is channelled, when did you learn to speak Latin, Justin, what did you say and why does…”


“Gus, calm down. I will explain. I have been here for a while and have also had my suspicions of her intentions, so I channelled Master Lieutenant Taylor, because I knew if she saw it was me she would not reveal them.”


“So what happens now?” Lord Victor looks apprehensive.


“Nothing. Just because she has revealed them does not mean she will act on them. I hope she does not. Things have to come out in their natural order, but I grew impatient, the field is now levelled. Fear not, Lord Victor, I will not cause harm to your sister, but she will be punished if things progress the way she hopes.”


“What does she hope?” JR gasps. “Oh, seal the room and this conversation never happened.”


“Yes it did, we were right here.” Chris points out.


“No. That’s what Elder Statesman Rodney, via Justin, said. To clear her mind and her mind only, with the latter and stop eavesdroppers with et oblinitos locus.” JR beams at Brian. “How did you do that?! And could I do it?!”


“Halfbloods can't, sorry. As to how, that’s just a thing I am able to do.”


ELDER STATESMAN RODNEY


“True, you were born that way!” I smile at him. “But it should not work on me, so you have been finessing!” He raises an eyebrow. “Like I said, naughty!” I stand up and wiggle one arm at Brian and the other at Justin. “Walk with me.”


GAZEBO - TEN MINUTES LATER


“So, all actions have consequences.” I smile at this unexpected turn of events. “I do not like being blocked, so kiss him.”


Rodney! You must not meddle!


I am not meddling, Caroline, I am moving things along. Now let me get on with it! 


“That is your punishment. Proceed to administer.”


“Who are you talking to?” Brian gulps.


“Justin. He is to kiss you, you are to submit, I am to watch until I get uncomfortable.” I sit down on the bench. “Proceed.” They are both look at me then each other. “I am very serious, kiss him.”


JUSTIN


I know I shouldn’t be feeling smug, because there is the teeth issue, and I have heard about his abilities, but I believe I am better. I push him down onto the bench, he offers no resistance. I lower my head. “Pucker up, sweetheart.” I tease, just before our lips touch. When they do, I pull back in shock, then run my tongue over my teeth. “They’ve gone in! Kiss me now!”


“Well aren’t you...ummm!” I smash my mouth down, and despite his objection, his tongue meets mine immediately. He groans, then pulls back. “Get comfortable, we’re going to be here a while.”


The last thing I hear as the door closes is Elder Statesman Rodney mutter, oh yes, that worked perfectly.


BRIAN


Once the door shuts, still kissing, I cup his butt and stand. I walk us to a darkened corner and step into the shadows. Slowly I peel my mouth away from his. He looks confused. “Hi.”


“Uh, hi, why did you stop?”


“Have a question, well a couple. Where are we?” He looks around, gasping as he sees the interior of the gazebo. “Well that answers my first question. My second question is do you know?”


“Do I know what?” He murmurs. I smile as he pushes his arm in and out of the shadow. 


“Do you know what your birth parents did?”

End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thanks.

A History Lesson and a Lesson Taught by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 8 - A HISTORY LESSON AND A LESSON TAUGHT


JUSTIN


“How are you doing this?” I mutter.


“Did you hear my question?” Brian turns me back to face him and lifts my chin.


“They dumped me at an orphanage before the cord was cut.” I reply bitterly, and he looks surprised. “Well, that’s what I was told. Do you know differently?” 


“Yes. Have you heard of the two humans who sacrificed themselves,  along with two vamps, for peace?”


“Of course, everyone ha…” I blink at him. “...they weren’t my parents, were they? How am I here then?” The miniscule human part of my heart beats faster. “I heard rumours that she was pregnant when she died.”


He sighs and pulls us deeper into the shadows. “She was, you were made pure to save you and I was made pure because of what my parents did.” I am completely flummoxed. “You alright? I know this must be a huge shock, but am curious as to who told you about them dumping you like garbage.”


“Can’t remember. I have to…” I begin, and am about to step out when the gazebo door opens. In strides Lady Deborah and her offspring, both looking sour faced. 


“Sssh.” Brian orders, pulling me back against him. 


“So what happened that you ended up with just Lindsay?!” She rounds on him.


“We failed an exam that those devil children set!” He slumps on the sofa and works his jaw. “And she bitched all the way there, didn’t stop until we were in the air! You’d think she’d be grateful for my blowing skills!” 


“Blowing...oh, well done! Who was it?” Grinning, she sits next to him, a little too close in my opinion, and, judging by that shudder, Brian thinks the same.


“Started with the co, ended with the chief pilot, before, during, and after.” He smirks, then leans closer. “He was a good two inches on David in length, and at least one in girth!” I turn and bury my face in Brian’s chest to clear that lascivious expression of hers from my mind. Slowly, I turn back around. “And the noises he made!” 


“I’ll bet! Now seriously, you can’t go around being your normal self, you have to knuckle down and pass these things.” He leans across before kissing her on her mouth. 


“I will, Ma. I promise.”


Brian and I exchange nauseated looks, and almost bring up what we had last night when she smiles and licks her lips before scrubbing her mouth. “Michael, for fuck sake! I hope you at least brushed your teeth afterwards?!” 


“Nope, but I used mouthwash.” He snickers, then runs out the door before she can react.


“I think I am going to vomit!” I mutter.


“Tamp it down.” Brian tells me. “I mean it, if you barf and anything hits me sitting is going to be a problem!” I look up at him, furious. “What? Do you think I can’t or won’t spank you? “


“Now just a minute, that was repulsive! How can you possibly want to spank me as a reflex to that!” I bellow.


“She was as disgusted as we are!” He shouts back. 


“But she almost creamed when he was telling her about the blowing skills, which, I might add, I have heard are not as great as he seems to think!”


“Oh you heard that too?!” He snorts. 


“Back to the spanking; when you do that for this, then that is not fair!” I exclaim, he looks amused. “It’s not!”


So you want me to spank you?” He murmurs, and runs his hands over my butt.


“Of course not!” I declare. “I am just…”


“You said when, not if, which to me suggests that you entertain the idea, just not for this reason.” I blink at him. “She’s gone. You can let us out now.” He shoves me gently. “Let me explain what you, not me, but you did. Take my hand and don't let go.” He nods towards the sofa. Confused, I lead him out, and we sit down. “You were angry when they came in. What is your problem with him?”


“Your lips are moving. When we were back there, they weren’t, or at least I don’t think they were.”


“No, they weren’t.” He replies. Well, when I say replies, I hear him, but his lips now aren't moving. “Stop thinking and do.” His tone is gentle.


“Can you hear me?” I ask.


“Yep, but there is no need to whisper. Only I can hear you in my head.” Again, I am back to blinking. “You have always had the ability, but blocked yourself. So, back to what your problem is with the wannabe stud?” 


“Hold on.” I stand up and go to the window, but keep myself in the shade. Whilst Lady Deborah had gone, she hasn’t gone far, and now is searching in her pockets. “Get behind me!” I order. He is there in nanoseconds. “Did you see anything fall from her person?” 


“No.” We both look at the sofa, and can see nothing. “There is something, I can…”


“...feel it.” I finish his sentence like it is the most natural thing in the world. “Can you get Mel to keep a close eye on her? Whilst Lindsay likes the idea of being a queen, I don’t…”


“...get the feeling that she would be so bothered as him if she wasn’t? My thoughts exactly. There is something about him being Lord of the Coven that she is almost feral about.”


“Lady Deborah! Come quickly, you have guests!” Is shouted from the coven doors.


“I am not expecting anyone! Who is it?! This is not a good time for us!” She hollers as she strides towards the voice.


“Lord George, his son, Drew, and their Steward, Todd. They wish to see the children.”


“If they could take them with them when they leave, that would be great. There are too many people around these days!”


We say nothing as she heads inside, and the door shuts behind her. “Well, what do you think about that?!” I glare at him.


“Outside voice!” He barks back, and I flinch at the slight pinch behind my eye, then rub the back of my neck. “You alright?” 


“Yeah. Sorry, didn’t mean to shout.” I sigh, then almost purr as he massages the base of my skull. “Seriously, what in fuck is going on here?”


“I don’t know, but I intend to find out.” 


“And we will. Now let’s go say howdy to their guests.” I take his hand and step out. “We’re connected in some way, aren't we?”


“Yes.” He replies with a smile. “But as much as I trust Ben, Mel, and the pages…”


“...I agree, the less that know the better.”


“That is gonna take getting used to.” He grumbles, but then smiles when I kiss his cheek. “Get inside, you little imp!” I chuckle as I make my way out, then pause just before the doors. I look back, and even though it is now dark in the gazebo, I can see him, and can feel his finger tracing over his lips. “Inside, you twannock! And put your teeth out!”


“Put my...oh, right! Um, how do I do that?”


“Think about what makes you mad about...” Immediately, they spring forth. “...we are going to talk about that, alright? Because whatever it is, it is not just because of Ben, is it?”


My head drops and I sigh. “No it’s not, but we need to be away from here, okay?”


“We leave on Sunday. I have a place nobody knows about.”


“Thank you.” I whisper, then, steeling myself, head inside to face, once again, the man that I hate more than the devil himself.

 

End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thanks.

The Power Surge and No Respite for the Schemers by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 9 - THE POWER SURGE AND NO RESPITE FOR THE SCHEMERS


BRIAN


I feel the rage pouring off him as he heads inside. “Calm down.” I murmur.


“You’re right, this will take getting used to!” He mutters, but I can feel his hatred abating...for now. “I do not!” He exclaims, and I chuckle. “I don’t, how could you even think that?!”


“Not my thought, it’s yours! You did before Jared staked his claim.” I smirk.


“Get out! Get out now!” He orders, and I retreat. I wait for a few more minutes before following him out. As I come in, I see him greeting their guests. I smile at George and Drew, the father and son leaders of the Midwich Coven, whose competitiveness is the stuff of legend. There is nothing they won’t fight over!


“Kinney!” Drew exclaims on seeing me, and I brace myself. He flies into my chest, and I make sure we don’t go through the wall. “Damn, man, you is looking hot as hell! Still available?!”


“No, you most definitely are not!” Booms into my head. “Move him or I will, and it won’t be pretty!”


“Justin, for fuck sake!” I glare at him. “It is far too early for you to be possessive!”


“Not being possessive, he is being inappropriate!” He glares back.


“Will you two argue later?!” Alderman Virginia clamours, and we go silent. “Now act natural, and not like you two have had your first lover’s tiff without actually being lovers yet!” 


“How are they…” Justin gasps as he looks around the room. All are still.


“That would be down to me.” Alderman Virginia blooms into view. “Now can...when I am talking, you will listen to me, Justin!” He pulls his glare away from a still clamped to my chest, gazing adoringly at me, Drew. “Clearly the answer to my question is no, I cannot. You have too many thoughts, and are too hot tempered to deal with Michael now. Verum in domum suam!”


ALDERMAN VIRGINIA


I can’t help the smile as they bloom away to a sanctuary. How Kinney handles that little hot tempered puck should be interesting! “Dimittere eos!” I command, then wince as Drew clatters to the floor. “Master Drew, are you alright?!” I help him up, and almost bite through my lip as I hear Brian telling Justin off for wishing his teeth broke!


“I am fine. Uh, what happened to the Master Lieutenant?” He looks around, and I retreat to leave Brian to handle a suddenly power flexing Justin!


“The Counsel summoned them, urgent business!” I smile.


“Oh pity, I was looking forward to a late night chat…ooof!” He gasps as he slams into the wall.


“Drew, are you alright?!” George rushes to his son’s aid. “What the heck did they do that for?!” He fumes.


“We didn’t! Get him under control!” I yell at the ceiling, startling everyone into silence. “Ahem, Equerry Sapperstein is having an issue. Shall we go to the hall?”


“So if you didn’t, who did, Alderman?” George presses.


“It was a wayward shot from an undisciplined student. I apologise on his behalf.”


“Hmm. Thank you.” Drew replies, and we head inside. “Who’s that?!” He whispers at me.


“That is Emmett Honeycutt, he is…”


“Delicious!” Drew breathes.


“I saw him first!” George bristles.


“How come when you were behind me and doing up your laces?!” Drew retorts.


“Legs count, and I saw his legs first!”


“Gentlemen!” I hiss. “We are here to discuss the children, not your libidos!”


“Alderman Virginia, what a surprise, I wasn’t told of your visit.” Lady Deborah smarms at me but glowers at Emmett. “Why wasn't I told?”


“Because I didn’t know she was coming.” He returns her glower.


“Really? I thought you knew everything that goes on around here.” She bites back.


“Everything that I need to know, I know. Shall I get some more refreshments? Will the Master Lieutenants be returning?”


“Lady Deborah, do not chide Emmett, nobody was aware of my visit, which is twofold: To make sure an accord is reached with regards to the scholars and pages, and to oversee Master Michael and Princess Lindsay in the Master Lieutenants' absence.”


“You are going to be staying here?” She gapes and swallows hard.


“Is that a problem, Lady Deborah?” Emmett asks, then licks his teeth. “I know, I shall have the Dawn Room made up for you, Alderman, it is between Lady Deborah and Master Michael's rooms. Unless, of course, Lady Deborah has an issue with that…”


“None whatsoever.” She smiles tightly. “I shall just get Michael and Lord Vic…”


“I am here already.” Lord Victor’s voice floats down from the rafters. Gus and JR are holding onto his cloak giggling. “They wanted a floating lesson.” He explains with a smile. “Alderman Virginia, so lovely to have you in my home. George, Drew, a pleasure as always!”

 

“Our homet’s our home remember, Uncle Vic?” Michael calls out as he strides in. “Everyone sit. Drew, George, long time no see.” He goes to sit down next to his Uncle, but the seat moves and he lands on the floor. The children titter, so he glares at them.


“Was that necessary?” He mutters as he dusts himself down, then frowns when Mel and Ben join us. “They are required because?”


“I wish it.” I return. “They will be reporting back to the Master Lieutenants…”


He looks relieved. “Does that mean we have the weekend off?”


“No. I was just saying that I will be overseeing you and Princess Lindsay  instead.” I grin at his look of horror, which he quickly masks. “Now you and your Mother are to take your leave of us.”


“Us? Why aren’t we allowed to remain?” Lady Deborah bridles.


“It would be unfair of you to overhear what plans we have for your schooling this weekend ahead of Lindsay, wouldn’t it?”


“Of course. We shall…”


“Emmett, please take a seat.” Although surprised, he does as I ask.


“Why is he being let into this inner circle?” Michael barely keeps the snark out of his voice.


“Michael, do not question her this way.” Lord Victor reprimands him. “Remember what happened the last time you got cocky? And before you seek to say your piece, Lady Deborah, I wouldn’t.”


“Come on, Mother, let’s leave them to their tete a tete!” Micharl snipes and flounces into the hallway. After a scathing look at Emmett, she follows him into the darkness.


I quickly seal the room and everyone relaxes. “Suspect she will cause you problems, Emmett.”


“As opposed to what?” Ben sighs. “She really doesn’t seem to like you, why is that?”


“I have no truck with her nonsense, especially where her favoured boy is concerned.” Emmett scoffs. “Christopher is the much more focused of the two, does things properly.”


“So, back to the children. What are your plans for them?” I ask.


“Brian and Justin do wish them to remain as pages and scholar, but don’t think here is the right environment for them.” Mel explains as Gus and JR look hopefully at her. “What?”


“Mercury Tower is equidistant between both covens.” Gus pulls out a map. “It has the desired neutrality and the training facilities are better than here.”


“And Lord George and Drew can be our guests until then.” Lord Victor smiles.


“So I will get my time with Kinney after all, how nice.” Drew grins.


Well I for one can’t wait to see how Justin feels about that!

 

End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive, thanks.

Hanging About and He Struck Again by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 10 - HANGING ABOUT AND HE STRUCK AGAIN


COPPER CREEHAN, IRELAND - EARLY AFTERNOON, NEXT DAY


MASTER BEDROOM


BRIAN


I look up at a pair of blazing blue eyes and smile. “Are you calm now?”


“You can’t leave me hanging fucking here! This is inhuman!” Justin’s yells and tries to get out of the bonds that I have hung him from the beam with.


“You aren’t human, so that point is moot. Let’s call it an exercise in limits. As in, you tested mine and this is what you get.” I stroll to the door. “I will be back, just need to get a couple of things.” I hear him pulling at the bonds, but he won't be able to get loose unless he lets himself or I untie him. The latter is not going to happen for a while! I come back in with a bullwhip and book. He stops struggling and stares. Good, he’s afraid. “Now I am going to read or we could chat, but every time you do something you shouldn't, I will use this on you…” I crack the whip against my thigh. “...it might tickle a bit but it won't break the skin.” 


I settle back on the bed and watch him plot his next move. He gets on his tiptoes then pushes his feet against the bed, I just shake my head, so he stops. I open the book. ‘Now you know the basics right and honed your fighting skills, but, as you have demonstrated, you have no idea of what else you are capable of…”


“Yes, I am...hey, stop that!” He yells as I crack the whip against his bare stomach.


“You were so fixated on what was happening at the coven that you paced yourself off a cliff and I had to run to catch you.” I drawl, he glowers, I crack the whip again. “This is where you ask pertinent questions, like how did I do that? Fair enough you wouldn’t have been hurt much, but I would never have let you forget it. By the way, was the store cupboard comfortable?”


“Asshole!” He snarls.


“I know. So, back to you and your lack of acceptance. I take it because you weren’t told of your parents’ sacrifice, you weren’t told anything else either?” He stops trying to get free and shakes his head. “Thought not. Oh, I forgot something, be right back.”


As I leave, I feel it ratcheting up. He is really scared...come on, you can do this! Come on!


JUSTIN


I watch him stride out and pull again at the bonds. I am on the tip of my toes and I start to walk forward and back. I can hear him coming back whistling. The thought of that whip fills me with revulsion and fear, so I start to move quicker, and before I know it I am standing on top of a beam with my tied hands between my feet. “How the fuck did I do that?” His footsteps get nearer and nearer. 


“You are not touching me with that! You are not!” I hiss pulling at my bonds, before managing to yank them off the beam. I make my way quickly to just above the door and wait for him to come in. As the door closes I leap down, but when I land I hear snickering coming from above and look up.


“How the hell...ouch!” I yelp as the whip cracks around my waist and he whips me back up onto the beam!


“Run, Forrest, run!” He orders as he uncurls the whip and shoves me away from him. “I said run...harness that fear and run!”


“I am not fucking afraid!” I snarl at him, but do back up a bit.


“Then get back where you were...nice leap!” He laughs as he cracks the whip at my ankle and I leap to the next beam. “You are afraid, or you would not be running.” He cracks the whip again and again I leap. 


“Stop it! You’ve made your point, just stop it!” I yell as he follows me, cracking the whip at my body anytime I stop moving. 


“I haven’t made my point!” He snipes and cracks the whip in my face...my face!


“Oh hell the fucking fuck no! You are not…!” I yell, launching myself at him. Suddenly we are falling...but slowly. “What is…” I begin as we land gentle as a feather on the bed. “How did you do that?” All thoughts of beating him ugly forgotten.


BRIAN


“I’m a Vamp.” I shrug. “And so are you, and…” I untie his wrists, rubbing at the marks. “...you could do that too if you just relaxed a little!”


“What do you mean exactly?” Justin gripes, clearly fed up with being so in the dark about himself.


“I mean not react like a total human, too emotional. Take Drew for example. See? Calm down!” He takes a few steadying breaths. “Much better, now let me explain him. We have known each other for almost half a century, have always flirted with each other, and that...relax...that’s all. Nothing else has happened, and nothing else will.” I trace his fangs with a smile. “And this is why.”


JUSTIN


The small part of my human heart is hammering in my chest right now as his mouth comes closer. He must have just fed as his lips are warm and soft, but also hard and demanding. “A little reciprocation, please, think back to the gazebo, and…”


“You arrogant pig!” I say as my eyes start to close and my teeth retract. “So warm…”


“Mmmm, I know. Can you imagine how hot this will be during a blow job?” I snicker as I wind my tongue around his mouth, delighted to find a few droplets. 


“What is this called?” I groan as I shuffle further up.


“Kissing.”


“Seriously, what is it?” I pull my mouth from his and wait.


“As pureblood Vamps, we have the power of telekinesis and telepathy…”


“I’m telepathic?!” I exclaim, he jumps to the beam directly above me.


“We both are, we can read anybody, but it takes a special bond for the other side of telepathy...the ability to ‘talk’ to each other.”


“Oh.” I think for a few seconds, look at the beam and join him. For a few minutes there is silence. “So, the leaping thing?” I question.


“Basic. As is the hearing, the speed, sense of smell, the strength, the stamina...”


“Speed? So I could run away from here...” I jump down to the door. “...I could go back to...how the hell?!” I exclaim as he smirks in front of me. “How did you get here so quickly?!”


“You speed up as you get older and I am older.” He replies leaning against the door.


“I see that.” I snark. “So now what do I do?”


“For...with me!” He orders, and we fly back to the bed, he's frowning as he checks my neck and wrists.


“What are you doing?”


“You’re a virgin!” He declares, and returns to the beam as if I’m a garlic laced stake.


“Wow, that doesn’t feel like an insult!” I grumble.


“What? Oh. Oh...shit. No that’s not what I meant about the gay virgin thing. I mean you’ve not been bitten. You are totally pure.”


“Gay virgin thing?” I repeat.


“Yeah. Heightened sense of smell, you have never been touched sexually by anyone but yourself. When I smell you...I smell just you. I don’t think you’ve even kissed anyone. But as for the totally pure, some parents allow a ceremony whereby you are bitten and you get your first pure bliss orgasm. Generally, a birthday present when you are 210.”


“You’re right about the kissing thing. It’s the teeth. But pure...wait, I have had plenty of orgasms, thank you very much!”


“But a pure one after you’ve been bitten, or even better bitten during sex, is the most intense feeling in the world.”


“I feel all the time!” I huff as I stand on the beam opposite.


“Not like that.” He sits down and pats the spot next to him. “Now, can I ask why you hate Michael so much?”


“You know why!” I exclaim leaping to the floor. “It’s because of what he did to Ben.”


“Can we not lie to each other?”


“I am not lying!”


“Yes you are.” His voice is quiet but not angry. I sigh and am surprised to see his feet in my face. “I would rather you said than I read.”


“How are you doing that?!” I ask as he holds me floating in the air.


“Once again, not me.” I take a breath and start to float up, not leap, float. “You are starting to accept all of yourself, when you do that, your traits come through.”


I settle back opposite him and can’t help the small smile of pride, but then remember his question. “His name is Ethan Gold. He was a halfblood, made the mistake of crossing sexual paths with Michael…” I tamp down my annoyance at his raised eyebrow. “...he got sick with hematemesis…”


“Whoa!” He gasps. “The blood vomiting disease?!” 


“Yeah, and you know it kills Vamps, pure or half quicker than humans. So again, because of the sexual voracity of him, he was turned back human to save his life. At least as a human he had a chance…”


“You said ‘is’, so…”


“We promised to never see each other again once he was turned back. He would be at least 90 now.”


“Did you two ever hook up?” He asks.


“No, did nothing for me. Just friends.”


“Oh, so what are we going to do about Michael?”


“There is nothing we can do.” I look round the room. “This is nice, where exactly are we?”


“Ireland. This is my home.” He grins with pride. “Nobody but the Aldermen know about it. And you are right about Michael, there is nothing we can do about him for now, but he will be dealt with.”


“They.” I assert. “I can’t help but feel that his Mother knows, and...oh that crone!”


“What? Oh surely not, the absolution ceremony?! That’s why she wants him to accede?”


“So we have two questions: who or what is coming that is making her act this way; and, um, wanna fight?”


BRIAN


“I thought you would never ask, let’s go!”

 

End Notes:

If reviewing please be kind and constructive. Thanks.

The Feeling, The Scheming and The Reeling by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 11 - THE FEELING, THE SCHEMING AND THE REELING 


OUTSIDE COPPER CREEHAN - TWILIGHT, POST-BATTLE


JUSTIN


“So you have nyctophilia as well?” I ask as I sit on the cliff next to him. When he smiles, his fangs glint.


“Yeah, I too find comfort in darkness.” He chuckles. “Want to jump?” 


“As opposed to falling…” I snort. “...yes, I would.”


“Okay, up we get...” I do so, then look over the edge. “...don’t think of it as jumping from a great height, just a big step down.” I twist my lip. “Wanna hold my hand for the first time?” I reach for it. “By your lead.”


“On three. One, two, three.” I count, then step off. I hear the air whipping around as we descend. “This is amazing!” I call out, throwing my arms in the air, whooping and hollering. When we land, I immediately head back to the side we climbed up to do that again. I am surprised when he grabs my foot. I try to shake him off, but he pulls me firmly down. “What are you doing? I want to…”


“There is plenty of time for that. Right now, you need to rest! Stop sulking!” He laughs before stopping our progress. “Unless you don’t want to collect your bolass winnings right now?” He snorts with laughter. “I don't think I have ever seen fangs retracted so quickly!”


“Shut up so I can kiss you!” I demand, before rising so that our faces are level.


“By your lead.” He murmurs.


LIBERTY-PITTS COVEN - NEXT DAY


LINDSEY'S ROOM


JENNIFER


“I don’t understand, what has brought this on?” I look from Lindsay to her consort, Christopher. “What has brought this about?” I demand.


“I know you want me to marry and to accede, Mother, but this is just too much like a job!” Lindsay whines. “I am sick and tired of being ordered about by those pages of punishment. Six! Six tests we had to take!” 


“But you both passed, which is great!” I point out. “And…”


“Actually, they scraped it…” Alderman Caroline interrupts. “...both David and Christopher scored higher. Vampires of the lineage of Michael and Lindsay should know more!” 


“Why did they take the tests too?” I frown. “I don't recall this being the case when we acceded.”


“Times have changed.” Alderman Caroline returns crisply. “The consorts are to be versed too. They can’t be seen to be lollygagging about!”


“And as for marrying Christopher, my feelings, as I said, have changed. I feel no desire for him, and it would be unfair of him to be kept bound to me.” She pats his hand. He moves away from her, looking more pensive than distraught.


“You are not petting a dog! Stop that condescending behaviour immediately!” I rap out furious at her callousness. “And where does Christopher go?”


“What do you mean, where does he go? Back to his coven, of course!” She snaps, sitting down grumpily. “I have made my decision, which is mine to make. We are over, and I don’t want to be queen yet!”


“As for Christopher, then he can accede as well if he wishes. Lady Deborah would just need to put him forward as well as Michael, there would be nothing wrong with two brothers ruling, it would be just like her and Lord Victor.” Alderman Caroline rises from the chair. “Princess Lindsay, is your decision final?”


“It is, Alderman Caroline.” She bows her head.


“Then I will advise the Counsel. Master Christopher, please come with me.”


I say nothing until they are out of the room. “What are you playing at?!” I storm around the room, looking for something to throw! “You could’ve at least warned me! It was humiliating to be blindsided like that!”


“I want Mel. I can’t have her if I have Christopher, can I?” She declares.


“Mel? Do you mean Master at Arms Marcus?! You have no chance…”


“Mother, I can get anyone I want.” She drawls smugly.


“But not without help!” I spit back. “You did have to persuade Christopher, after all!” I press my fingers to my forehead sighing. “Lindsay, I warn you now, using persuasion or compulsion on her will not work, the consequences will be dire!”


“No, they won't because I will not get caught!” She smirks. “After all, you haven’t, and you taught me!”


“Times were different then! I warn you to be careful!” I seethe, then storm out.


Know this, Lindsay, if you attempt to take me down after you get caught, and caught you will be, I will return you to human in seconds! See how long you last without your powers of supposed beauty! Remember, that’s why you wanted to be turned half, my dear?!


MERCURY TOWER - THREE DAYS LATER


TRAINING ROOM


BRIAN


We are all still wary of Lindsey's intentions. Her ‘abdication’ has put the Aldermen and us on guard. 


But that’s not the only thing that has put the cat amongst the pigeons. Elder Statesman Rodney came to see Lord Victor and Lady Deborah, he told her that Christopher is going to be allowed to be tested for ascension too! 


“He should put some clothes on!” Justin mutters as he passes. “There is no need for him to be wearing a jockstrap, especially one that small!”


“He’s training, this is what he wears when he trains.” I explain. He stops and slowly comes back, eyes blazing. “Inside voice, and...” I begin.


“You mean to tell me that you’ve trained with him wearing just that?!” Explodes into my head.


“Yes, and if you keep reacting the way you are, he will keep pushing those buttons! You have a very expressive face and body language! Yes, you’ve got your traits, but you also have no self-control!” I declare. He winces, then looks over his shoulder at Drew. He is leaning against the wall, just watching us.


He turns back to me. “I am in control and calm, I am in control and calm.” He repeats. “Excuse me, Master Lieutenant, I am going to change into something a little less restrictive.”


“Why? What discipline are we doing next?” I frown, looking at the timetable, we have sword fighting, archery, and...I stop reading as Justin strides towards Drew, taking off his tunic and chaps. He hangs them up on the hook right next to him, leaving himself bare chested and in skin tight, for the want of a better description, long johns, which show everything!


Justin trails his sword along the ground as he makes his way to the ring. 


“Mind if I have him before you do, Kinney?” Drew jogs up quickly. I flinch as he looks at Justin's heart shaped butt...heart shaped?! “Well, do you?” He calls over his shoulder as he passes him, then faces me. “I’m here now, it's not like you to be so slow. Master Lieutenant Taylor, may I take you...on?”


“You may, but perhaps we should do some, if you pardon the pun, warm up exercises first. How about hand to hand combat?”


Hand to hand combat?! Wearing just that?!


“Ah, Master…” Emmett calls out as he enters. His jaw drops slightly at the sight of Drew and Justin. “...Drool...ahem, Drew, your father wishes to speak with you.”


“Of course, Justin, we will reconvene later tonight perhaps?”


DREW


I follow Emmett out in silence. As my dad approaches, he pauses at a door and opens it. “You have five minutes! Get in there before you two explode!”


“Ten!” I plead.


“Seven, and that’s your limit!” He states firmly.


“I’ll take it!” I shove Emmett into the room and push him against the wall. “Hi…”


“Hi!” He squeaks. “What do you mean, ‘hi’? What are you doing here?!”


“Kiss now, explain in a minute!” I groan. He melts into my arms with a whimper. God, how I love kissing him! For all his ‘mannerisms’, as some people say, he is the most loving, loyal, and beautiful Vamp I have ever met! A complete juxtaposition to a ‘slut’ like me. But it is all image. I may cruise, but I don’t break the rules. No kissing, can fuck only once, and flowers every week. We’ve been ‘down-lo’ for 40 years!


“Mmm!” He starts to push, I reluctantly release his lips. “Explain!”


“Dad!” I whisper loudly, he steps in with a smile.


“Georgie!” Emmett flies into his arms. “What are they up to?!”


“Who?” Dad smiles taking a seat, Emmett settles in his lap. “Oh, the Aldermen and Elder Statesman Rodney, you mean?” He nods. “Twofold: one I am sure about, and the other I have a vague idea. As a non-elected Alderman, I merely…”


“Georgie, no honey cake!” I snicker as this get him every time! “Tell me what you can.” His tone softens in the face of ‘pleading’ look from Dad. “I will do my utmost.”


“Drew is clickbait. Actually, make that dickbait. There is a connection in the Burgh, it still needs a final push.” 


“Oh, I do love a romance!” Emmett beams, but that drops when Dad sighs. “Just say it.”


“Herma is back, a few cases, not as virulent.” Emmett goes still. “Emmett?”


“Let me speak to Teddy.” He sighs. We look up at the knock on the door, then he smiles. “Is this him?”


“Todd? Most likely.” Dad grins. “Come!”


The door opens, it is Todd, our new Steward. I frown at the look on Emmett’s face. It deepens when he prowls towards Todd and walks around him. Now, I know this sounds hypocritical, but I always get uncomfortable when he tricks, because he doesn’t do it that often. “Emmett?”


“Oh yes, I need to talk to Teddy.” 


TRAINING ROOM


BRIAN


“Why are you here?” Justin asks, settling on the beam opposite.


“Needed to think.” I reply, then sigh. “I get it. I didn't like it. If you must fight with him, wear more clothes.” His eyebrows go up, so I leap down. He joins me seconds later. “It is a perplexing feeling.”


“What is?”


“Possession.” We look at each other for a while. “I will ask him to do that when we train, I give my word that we will also behave in your presence.”


“Thank you.” He gives me a cheeky smile. “Was that our first lover’s quarrel?”


“No. Knowing the tempers we both have, that was a mere tiff.” I smirk as his jaw drops. ‘The make up sex after a quarrel, now that I look forward to.” I close his mouth. “Promise you’ll be gentle, it will be my first time.”


“You've never had make up sex?!” He laughs. “I don't believe that!”


“Think about what I just said. See you later, need to run off steam.”


FIVE MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN

 

I am just putting my tunic back on when I realise: He’s never pure blissed either!

End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive, if reviewing. Thanks.

History of Herma, Michael, Jennifer and Debs by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 12 - HISTORY OF HERMA, MICHAEL, JENNIFER AND DEBS


THORNLEY HILL UPMC - THREE DAYS LATER


OFFICE OF DR TED SCHMIDT


EMMETT


I am so right about this! I smile at Ted as he peers into a microscope. “Well, is it? Is Georgie correct?”


“Yes, it is Herma, but a lesser strain. After all these years, I do not understand its resurgence.” He heads to his bookcase and I smile. Despite this modern age, he still prefers paper, pen and pencil. Whilst he flicks through the pages, I look around this pristine office. “Eureka as Archimedes would say!” He scurries back to the microscope and looks between that and the book. “Hmmm, now that makes sense.”


I am about to say something when there is a sharp rap on the door. I hide my smile then clear my throat. “I figured you would need a bit of help, so I asked Georgie’s steward, Todd, who has some medical experience, to assist.”


“Thanks, Ems. Enter!” He calls out before going back to the microscope.


“Thank you.” Todd says as he comes in. “Hello, Emmett, you must be Dr Schmidt. Pleased to make your acquaintance.” I bite back my laugh as Ted’s hand comes out, but he is still looking through the scope. “Why don't you put me to work straight away? Seems you are clearly in need of my assistance.” Todd questions whilst shaking his hand, which finally gets Ted to look up.


“I am so sorry! Yes, I am Dr Schmidt, nice to meet you, Todd.” 


“That’s fine. I know what it is like to be focused on something, especially something like this. So, is it?”


“Yes, as I was saying to Ems, it is but a much milder strain…”


“Milder? Why would it come back milder...may I? Surely it would mutate up, not down.” When Ted steps aside, Todd takes a look before his jaw drops. “This is...I can’t believe anyone would do this?!” Todd explodes.


“What?!” I demand.


“Recreate it.” Ted sighs. “The original strain was able to be controlled with medicine, this strain is an artificial one, and until we find out the composition of it, we can't even begin to think of a way how to control it.”


“Fuck my life!” I whisper. “We need to tell the Alderman and  Elder Statesman Rodney.”


“And right now.” Todd snarls.


CHAMBER OF ALDERMEN ELDERS, ICELAND - NEXT DAY


LORD VICTOR


Every ruler of covens in the USA have been summoned, the air is tense. Debs was pissed that she couldn’t come with me, but their instructions were clear: the chief ruler only, which is me, although Emmett has been granted dispensation since be was there at the discovery. But what is even more interesting is that Brian, Justin, Mel, and Ben are also present. 


“Thank you all for coming at such short notice, but disturbing news reached us last night.” Rodney explains. “You are all familiar with Dr Schmidt…well he has advised that an artificial strain of Hematemesis, or, as we know it, Herma has been deliberately created.” We absorb that in shocked silence. “It seems that it is contained within the USA as there has been no cases reported elsewhere.”


“So now what happens?” Everyone turns to King Craig in surprise. He may be royalty, but he is known for his reticence in meetings. “I am assuming by the presence of the Master Lieutenants and their Master at Arms that the edict has been reached?”


“It has.” Rodney replies with a slight smile. “Where is he?”


“Outside. I did not wish to…”


“Sapperstein, grant him entry!” Rodney orders, and, if possible, it gets quieter.


Sapperstein strides to the door, and in comes Brandon Green. He is King Craig’s cousin, and is the only three quarter vampire in the world, and the only people who know that are in this room. Being more than half, but less than pure has its advantages. He has less power than a pure, but more than a half, so he can read people but can’t move them like Brian or Justin can.


“Elder…”


“No, none of that!” Rodney stops him. “So, Herma, albeit artificially, is back. The edict is thus: The person or persons who has done this will be banished from the covens to live out the rest of their days as humans, if they are Vampires, or turned if they are Human…”


“But that…” King Craig begins before nodding. “...I see.”


“As we all know, turning a Vamp back means they last a week, if that. I know you are wondering why a Human would be turned. Brandon, if you could explain?”


“Of course, Rod…” He is staring at Brian’s group. “...uh, wow, when did that happen?” 


“Brandon?” Rodney prompts with a small smile.


“Oh yes, uh, sorry. Turning a Human as a punishment takes a different method, in that they are not bitten. They are injected and have no powers.”


Judging by the look on Rodney’s face, I am not the only one who is wondering what has just been ‘discussed’ between Brian and Justin.


LE MONT WASHINGTON COVEN - LATE EVENING


CHRISTOPHER’S ROOM


DAVID


I look across at Chris and smile. He is still studying, despite having aced the mock. Gus and JR have given up trying to encourage him to put the books away and relax.


“What are you doing in here?!” Lady Deborah demands as she comes in. “I thought I was clear in that you two were to go out and enjoy yourselves. You’ve been working so hard. Shake a tail feather, as Emmett would trill!”


“Come on, Chris, you have done nothing but study for the last few hours…” I cajole, with a sigh he looks up. “...just a couple of hours. I promise that you can study all morning tomorrow…”


“All morning with no interruptions?” He looks at us both guardedly. 


“Yes, we promise!” Lady Deborah smiles, which is a bit disconcerting as she is normally very stone-faced with him. “Now go enjoy yourselves, that’s a direct order again! You have five minutes to start packing, or I do it for you!


“Okay, okay, I will…”


“Ma, where are you?!” Michael bellows down the corridor, I roll my eyes. 


“Just coming, sweetheart! Make sure he packs!” She calls over her shoulder as she goes to tend to whatever is ailing him this time! 


Twenty minutes later, we are outside the coven doors, which have been very firmly shut behind us.


CHRISTOPHER’S ROOM - FIVE MINUTES LATER


DEBS


I rush back upstairs to find Michael standing there scowling. “Where the hell has he put them?!” 


“What do you mean, where has he put them?! They were just here a few minutes ago!” I declare.


“He’s hidden them! Why would he hide them?!” He demands. “Why is this drawer locked?! I bet they’re in there!” Michael rages.


“Sweetheart, calm down. Let’s find the key.” Twenty minutes later, we are both furious as it is clear that he has most likely taken it with him. “How can I get him back without raising suspicion?”


“Back? Back from where?”


“I sent him and David out so that we could get hold of his books. That way you could copy his notes.”


“Why couldn’t I have been a pure-blood…” He pouts, sitting on the bed. “...then I could read his mind! That’s so unfair that they can do that!”


“I know, but he would be able to tell, remember?” I sit next to him. He looks paler than normal, and his fangs are starting to yellow. “You have got to feed more regularly now.”


“I know. Where is Emmett anyway?”


“He was taken by Vic to a meeting. Didn’t say what it was about, just that I couldn’t come with him.” The bang of the door has us both heading to the window and looking out. I am surprised to see it is Queen Jennifer. “Were you expecting her?”


“No.”


“Hopefully she won’t stay long.” I sigh as he follows me downstairs.


HALL


JENNIFER


I look at each of them then around the hall. It is a source of annoyance to me that the Grassis were granted this coven, and we’re nearer the less salubrious side of Pittsburgh. 


“I will come to the point of my visit quickly.” My tone causes Debs to frown. “As you know, Lindsay has decided against acceding and is no longer wishing to remain with Christopher. A mistake in my opinion, but they have accepted her decision.”


“What does this have to do with us?” Michael drawls as he lounges on his Uncle’s throne,


“You will not show such ill manners. Remove yourself from the throne! You have not passed the tests yet, and at this rate you never will!” I snap, and with one flick of my wrist he is on the other side of the room, winded against the walls.


“Michael! Sweetheart, are you alright?!” Debs screeches.


“Move from him!” I growl, slowly Debs looks at me.


“Uh, Jen…”


“Quoque conde sepulcro eius!” I order, he goes still, and, mercifully, quiet.


“Jen, how could you?!” Debs touches the ice block that is her favoured child.


“I warned you, Debs, I warned you. Stop Michael, step him away from this. Christopher is, and will be a better ruler. Michael does not even want to rule. You cannot remain in power to rule by proxy! Step him away and let Christopher do it!” For long minutes, neither of us says anything. “Because Brandon is here.” I smile at her pinched look at the read. “And he is never here without good reason. You and I both know that he…” I jab my finger at Michael. “...brought Herma here the first time…”


“He was young!” Debs, once again defends.


“He was one hundred and five!” I scream at her. “He is responsible for the suffering of thousands of people because he played Gigolo around the world! He went to a region where Herma was rife and brought it back with him!”


“Jennifer, you forget that I know you compelled Craig, so you are in…”


“No I am not remotely in the same boat! Those times were different. And the reason you want him to accede is not only to finally be ‘queen of this castle', but also so that he can be absolved of anything without having to say what it is! Stop this, and I say nothing like I promised. Thank goodness they found the cure, because if they hadn't I dread to think of the decimation.” She strides to the door. “And don’t you forget one other thing: Christopher’s memory can also be unlocked too!”

 

End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.

What's New Pussycat by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 13 - WHAT’S NEW PUSSYCAT


MICHAEL


“Ma, we have to do something. I can’t…”


“And you won’t, sweetheart!”  She rubs my arm to try to calm me down. “You and David will accede, then you will have the power to banish Christopher for his impertinence.” 


“But what about Queen Jennifer said?! I didn't mean to…” I blub.


“Of course you didn’t. You never thought you would get Herma, let alone bring it back here!” 


“She said his could be unlocked too!”


“Michael, calm down!” She snaps at me before stroking my face. “I know you didn’t mean any harm, but for once, Chris’s intelligence and his adoration of you worked in our favour, hmm?”


I sniff, then nod. “Yeah, he found the cure by creating a milder strain that keeps it contained and controlled so that I can live my life, well fuck life, as before!”


“Indeed he did…” I smile at that thought, I don’t know how I was persuaded by the orphanage to take Christopher as well as Michael. He doesn’t even resemble us with his blonde hair and blue eyes, but they were always together and they didn’t want to split them up. And at first it was fine, but then as he grew older, he became more interested in being a proper halfblood instead of taking advantage of being the Master sons of the Lord and Lady! I love being looked after, not having to do anything myself. Michael and I are the same in that respect. “...but one of the disadvantages of locking a mind is that it locks away the feeling that were previously had…”


“Pity…” I begin to smile. “...I think he is a fine specimen, and…”


“Michael! He’s almost your brother!” Ma shrieks.


“Almost, but not quite!” I laugh. Slowly she smiles. “So, did you find it? The phial you dropped?”


“No, but we can make up another batch whilst they’re at their oh-so-important, but terribly clandestine meeting!” She harrumphs. “Now come on, let’s go!”


CHAMBER OF ALDERMEN ELDERS, ICELAND - SAME TIME


BRIAN


I glare at Justin, who looks furious. “Can we please have this discussion later?! We need to focus on this now!”


“He is on a replay!” He snaps. “Oh for crying out loud! You did that to him?!”


“Justin!” I growl. “Focus!”


“What is going on here?” Ben smiles. “Oh you are kidding?! You two are having a row?!”


“I am not having a row, he is having a fit of jealousy over a guy I fucked over twenty years ago! And if he stopped reading him, like that, he could calm the hell down!”


“Can you please take this to the ante room and make up?” Alderman Caroline smiles. “He still is having control issues, both his powers and emotions. We won’t reconvene without you.”


I look across at an embarrassed looking Justin and just point. 


ANTE ROOM - A MINUTE LATER


JUSTIN


“I’m sorry!” But it’s too late, he has me pinned to the wall, but I deserve it. “He is gorgeous and…”


“Not interested. Now if you used your reading for good you would know that, and you would know something else as well.” Brian drawls.


“Not...” I frown.


“Try, read him without a jealous eye.” He lowers me to the floor. 


I search for Brandon and cringe slightly as what Brian says is true, not only did his thoughts of Brian vanish as quickly as they appeared but he is thinking about someone else, my eyes widen. “Yeah that.”


“Wow, doesn’t look the type.” I mutter. “Shall we go back then?”


“Nope…” He glides towards me. “...we need to make up remember?”


“You want to?” I ask getting my answer when his fangs retract. “Guess so.” Five minutes later, we float back down. “So apart from that, how else do you know him?” 


“Of course, you won’t know, since you are new to the pure Vamp game. Brandon is the only three quarter vamp in the world.” I blink at him. “And it is him and only him can administer the punishments they have decreed.”


“Did...did he?” I begin as I think of our parents.


“No, that was his father.” Brian pulls me closer.


“How do you know?” I whisper.


“He told me, when we first met, he told me.” He sighs. “Justin, you have got to stop seeing any remotely good looking guy as a threat.” I nod. “And I think we need to go and see Ethan after this meeting.”


“Why?” I frown.


“Did he say how or where he caught Herma?” I shake my head. “But he’s sure he got it from crossing sexual paths with Michael as you put it?”


“Yes. So we’re going to try and track backwards, see where it came from, how it got here?”


“Yep. Now we have settled on that. Tilt head please.” I frown but do as I am told then gasp as he runs his fang down the vein at the side of my neck. He applies pressure. “Oh you smell so sweet, like honey and fresh mountain dew.”


“You can smell my blood?” I moan as his fang tracks up and down.


“And you can smell mine. Try.” I nuzzle his neck. “What’s my scent?” The question is like a gentle breeze on a hot day.


“Musk, rich and heady musk. You smell…” I sniff again. “...of the catacombs of Copper Creehan and musk.”


“We should go back.” He mutters before stepping back. “This is not the place for our first coupling.” I stare at him, then a slow smile blooms across his face. “You little devil! Wait till I get you across that tabernacle!”


LIBERTY PITTS COVEN - NEXT AFTERNOON


GRAND HALL


KING CRAIG


Sighing, I watch Jennifer and Lindsay, wondering why they think me foolish or a dullard. Jennifer is very lucky that I grew to love her in my own way, after she compelled me, for I know she did, but for her to teach Lindsay how to do it, rests uneasily with me. 


“Craig?” Brandon pulls me out of my musings. “Does she really think she has a chance with Mel?”


“Oh yes!” I laugh. “If there is one thing that Lindsay thinks, is that she is a great catch! That anyone would want her. As a matter of interest…”


“Absolutely not! No offence, but just no. But maybe we can make this interesting, I like the look of Mel…” He smirks. “...well?”


“Oh yes, I think you and Lindsay fighting for Mel’s favour will be fun to watch!”


“Will you ever tell Jennifer you know what she has done to you and taught Lindsay?”


“Only if I have to, I don’t see them involved in whatever is unfolding, but I know she knows something. But I can’t quite reach it.” 


“Neither can I. I don’t think we should involve the Aldermen at this point, bit by bit let them let us in.”


“Good idea. But I think we should let the Master Lieutenants know that Le Mont Washington Coven is not the only one with secrets!”


BRATISLAVA AIRPORT - A DAY LATER


BRIAN


I breathe out again, fascinated by the plume of air. There is a thick layer of snow and once more I steady Justin as he stumbles. He’s not said much and I have not read him. This is not the time for that. 


“You need to feed.” I tell him. “Come on, there is a bank across the street.


“Okay.” He lets me lead and once inside, I quickly hook him up and wait for him to speak. “We’re back to square one aren’t we?”


“I am sorry, but it looks like it.” I rub his knuckles. “But King Craig has requested an audience, maybe he can give us some insight into Lindsay.”


“Hmmm. I am glad though.” I say nothing, just wait. “Glad that Ethan died happy and surrounded by people who loved him.”


“If it cheers you up a little bit, Michael got 2% on his last paper.”


“How come?!” He giggles, the first happy sound I have heard since we got here.


“Seems he cribbed the wrong notes.” I smile. “Chris got 97% and David 84%. Gus and JR are waiting for us to come back before deciding on a suitable punishment! They said he keeps asking when we are coming back.”


“Does he now? Well, since he is such an eager beaver, I think a couple of days in Lithglow are in order.”


“What’s in Lithglow and where is that?” I ask as I hook up another bag.


“My place in Australia. I want you to see where I live.”

 

“I look forward to it.” I murmur retaking his hand, I don’t take my eyes off him for the next two hours, and when I finally read him, his mind is at peace, for now.

End Notes:

Plese be kind and constructive, if reviewing. Thanks.

Facing History, Dispelling Myths and Messing with Heads by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 14 - FACING HISTORY, DISPELLING MYTHS AND MESSING WITH HEADS


BRIGHTMORE CASTLE, LITHGLOW, AUSTRALIA - TWO DAYS LATER


CATACOMBS


JUSTIN


I know I shouldn’t be, but I am still embarrassed, so I sit finding solace in the semi darkness. All this time and I never knew! I never knew as I was never taught. It was always, you need to hone your skills, worry about being a vamp later. I think back to my adopted father, Master at Arms Dixon, and realise how hard he must have laughed at me, about as much as he reminded me that I am not his true son. Him a halfblood, training a pure blood. When I asked Brian who trained him, he looked astonished, as nobody did. It is ingrained, we know how to fight, to protect, we know, well he did. This was kept from me. I was taught to suppress that side! 


I hear the rustle of the bedding upstairs, and wait. He doesn't take long to sit next to me. “So how long are you going to beat yourself up about this?” Brian shakes his head when I go to protest. “Outside, don’t rattle my drum, please.”


“I...part of me is feeling taken in, but the other part now gets me, if you see?” He nods. “I am so glad when she left him she took me with her. We both thought she would leave me with him, and…”


“Unleashed. That’s the film you are thinking of, about a guy who was kept on a chain until his owner wanted him to fight.” I nod and he gets up, waving me forward. I rest against him. “And you would’ve worked it out, eventually. That side of you would’ve come through, and in a way it has because of your skills. I bet you got better when you left with your mom?” I think about it for a moment, then roll my eyes. “Where is he anyway?” 


“Who, Dixon? Don’t know, and before...stop reading...I would’ve said I don't care, but I do. I want to know why he tried to handicap me like that!”


“What good would it do?” He immediately tightens his embrace. “Calm, calm and think, what good would it do? You’ve already beaten him, you know you, well mostly, you still have a bit to learn...” I look up at him, he rolls his lips in. “...oh come on, it is a bit funny!”


“This cost me thousands of dollars!” I kvetch. 


“And tomorrow we'll tear it down and use it for something else…hehehehe...I mean we...inside voice outside of head!”


“Not funny!” I repeat, then sigh. “So many wasted years. Always wanted to ride him during the day. We tried a couple of times at night, but he wasn’t happy, so I just watched from...”


“Who?” I try not to smile at the edge in his voice.


“Joe. He’s a Mustang, bought him as a foal, and because I believed the ‘sun’ lie, I never went outside…”


“Shut up!” He grumbles. “You ‘lifted’ when you mentioned his name. What was I supposed to think?” I turn around and wrap my legs around his waist. “Okay, so every, and I mean every, Vamp has a functioning heart. For Pures, it is like the size of um a...uh...melon seed, but whilst it is small, it is mighty, especially when you are ‘feeling’ something true.” 


We sit in silence for a minute before I look up at him. “Did you help me float the first time we met?”


“A bit. I got you up, but you did the rest.” He smiles proudly. “So are you going to teach me?”


“Teach you what?” I am puzzled. What could I possibly teach him?!


“I used to be scared of them, but then I did some research. And since you’ve got a herd...”


“Really?! You want to ride a Mustang?!” I gasp, scrambling to get up. “Can we get rid of this shit now, then rest so I can wake up and be dazzled by two things, which I know are cliched?!”


“Sure.” Brian chortles. “And it is not cliched! I like that you want to wake up to the sunrise with me in your bed, now come on, let’s tear down these walls!”


THREE HOURS LATER


BRIAN


It took longer than we thought, but every barricade, shutter and blind is down, and the windows open. The mustiness that greeted me when we arrived is being blown away, replaced by the sweet smell of fresh air. 


I watch him carefully. Although I have explained and shown him the passages in the book that ‘prove’ we won’t disintegrate to dust if we go in sunshine, he is still wary. I even had to ‘call’ on Alderman Earl to explain that the reason we trained indoors was mostly for Michael and Lindsay. They are so lazy, and that combined with how I wanted to push them, would’ve been too much. Ben and Mel are still at Le Mont Washington Coven, keeping an eye on Michael and Lady Deborah, who are anxious for our return. Gus and JR have gone to stay with George and Drew, Todd has remained with Dr Schmidt to see what they can do about the latest strain. 


“How about I step into that pool of sunshine there and you join me?” I suggest as he paces in the darkness. “It is not as strong, baby steps.” He stops pacing, then gives a tiny nod. The only sound is my feet on the marble, then a small gasp as I step into the sunbeam. “Open your eyes.” I command. “You need to see where you are walking. And walk, don't run.” I can feel him fighting the urge to rush back, but he makes it to me. He looks up, relieved. “Now turn around and look at the sun.” I order, and slowly he does so. He blinks a couple of times before a huge smile breaks across his face. “Feels good, right?”


“And smells good too. Ben would use the tower and always have the windows open. I felt so jealous. The air smells so sweet, why is that?”


“Why is that what?” I tease. “It is simple, you have reached verum tuae sui acceptatio. It means…”


“Acceptance of your true self. And…” He gapes for a few seconds. “Brian, you did? Please tell me you did, seriously?!” He is almost shaking me. 


“Yes, yes, I did, I got the recipe for the honey cake from Emmett. You so wanted one, just could not figure out why you didn’t have any. Now I know it was because of the lies and bullshit. We have a very sweet tooth, especially Pures, so wanna bake?”


“This is the best day of my life!” He cries, rushing to the kitchen and jumping into the pools of sunshine on the way.


LE MONT WASHINGTON COVEN - EARLY DUSK


TURRET ROOF


MICHAEL


I turn as Ma arrives. “Anything?” I demand. 


“Nothing! He said if I was meant to know, I would’ve been invited! And, of course, I won't get anything out of Emmett.” We sit in silence for a few seconds before we see a figure approaching. “What is it with people just coming by like we are some drop in shelter?! Who is this now?” 


“Don’t know, but he looks good in that!” I murmur before standing. “How do I…”


“Christopher! Open the door!” Being bellowed by David stops my searching for a compliment. “It’s Brandon! I can’t believe it!” 


“Let’s go downstairs!” Ma orders. There is something in her voice that makes me follow quickly.


CAVE OUTSIDE BRIGHTMORE CASTLE - SAME TIME


BRIAN


I am sprawled out, gasping, he is smiling at me. Slowly but surely, the cave goes quiet. “Enjoyed that, did you?”


“Yeah.” He sighs as he sits near the entrance, whilst I loosen my jeans.


“I bet you read the last page first in books too?” I sit up on my elbows and shake my head at his cheeky grin. “Now come here.” I pull him to me, he doesn’t resist. “You made me oh so messy. Care to explain why, as in why then?” His fingers slide into my jeans. I watch, fascinated, as he slowly withdraws them, then licks them clean. “How did it taste?”


“A bit sweet.” He looks thoughtful. “I just wanted to. You are so controlled, and besides, it wasn’t entirely my idea!” 


“Alderman Earl gave you a steer, I take it?”


“Mmm. He said you fancy the ass off him, why not do something about that?”


“Hmmm. I have never cum like that from a fantasy, and as head fucks go, that was...yeah that was!” 


“Have you done that with someone else?” I feel his wariness. Now is not the time for a white lie.


“Yeah, a couple, but ‘felt like that’, definitely not. It also helped that thinking of you riding Joe bareback, whilst naked, all I could think of was putting my tongue right there.” I slide my hand down his cheeks then between his legs. “The thought of you wriggling, whimpering, and begging in my hands as I...”


“Oh no...” He moans, I feel his eyes flutter shut against my chest


I tilt his chin up. “Oh yes. Ah-ah-ah, open them. What are you feeling?” 


GREAT HALL - SAME TIME 


DEBS


As we enter, we find ‘Brandon’ twirling David around before setting him on the floor. “And who is this gorgeous man?” He demands. “Is he with you?”


“No, most definitely not!” Michael exclaims, striding forward, then standing in front of Christopher. “I am. It is me that is with David, I am Master Michael, and…”


“Not the person I want to meet right now.” Brandon states before stepping around him. “So you are?”


“Christopher. I am…”


“As Michael, my first son, was saying…” I cut Christopher off. “...we, for I am Lady Deborah, are the heads of the household whilst Lord Victor is absent, so…”


“Another person I don’t want to meet yet. And Lord Victor is not absent, he is upstairs. We arranged to meet in about ten minutes. Where is Emmett?”


“How do you know Emmett?” I smile. He just stares back.


“That is for us to know and for you to try and fail to find out without Emmett’s assistance, and since I want to have a word with that little rascal...Emmett!” He bellows, whilst both Michael and I gape at the tone that David is using. The nerve, doesn’t he know I can have him banished just like that? Before either of us can say anything, a grinning Emmett enters. “Why didn’t you tell me?!”


“Oh, surprise! David, your cousin is in town! Better?” He titters before kissing a smiling David on the cheek. “Forgiven?”


”Thanks for the heads up, and yes, you are forgiven!” David laughs. “As if I could stay mad at you for long. Brandon, you said you were here for Lord Victor?” He nods. “Then Christopher and I will go and finish the poker game we started, no more study for you!”


“It is just one chapter, and then…”


“No. David is right, you’ve studied enough, more than enough, and you don't need to.” Emmett glances at Michael, who yawns. “That way...” He looks at his watch. “...you can finish your hand and feed at the same time.” He points to the door, and a smiling David and a ‘put upon’ Christopher start to leave.


“David.” Brandon calls out. “Perhaps, we can meet tomorrow, maybe spend the day together…the three of us?” Brandon lays down his cloak and Michael perks up, have to admit he does look good.


“Oh yes, that would be perfect!” Michael declares.


“How has three become four?” Brandon frowns.


“What do you mean?” I feel my nails sharpen.


“I want to spend time with my cousin and Christopher, but now your first son has invited himself along when he really should be focused on other things. He got 2% on his paper. The Aldermen are not impressed, nor are the Master Lieutenants, who are returning from...”


“You know where they are?” Michael asks eagerly...once again, too eager!


“Those that need to know, know.” Victor states as he enters. “Brandon, you are looking well. Let us retire to my chambers…”


“Your chambers?!” I exclaim. “Why?!”


“Because what we are about to discuss does not concern you.” Emmett bites out. “Lord Victor, Brandon, please go up. Oh, and if you can seal their rooms…”


“Whose rooms? You take too much on, Emmett!” I explode.


“No, he does not!” Brandon snarls. “He is reminding me to do as the Aldermen bid, I had forgotten.” He looks to the ceiling, and after a few minutes of incantation, smiles. “Nobody but who they want in there gets in there, and by they, I mean the Alderman and Master Lieutenants. Even if you manage to persuade him to allow you in, you cannot enter.” He looks at Michael and me as if we are dirt. “And if I see you skulking around during the time I wish to spend with Christopher and David, I will not be happy, and have no issue with showing you how much! The fangs of a Half take longer to regenerate...think on that.”


I say nothing as they all sweep out. I only follow so I can shut the door behind them.


“Ma...what is going on? Who is that rude man? I have a good mind to…”


“If you had a good mind, we would not be in this situation!” I snap, and he looks wounded. “Go to your room and study, Michael. Brandon must be a big deal. Queen Jennifer looked panicked when she mentioned him. The fact that they are in Vic’s chambers and not here is a big deal. He…”


“Why? What’s the difference between here and there?” Michel grumps before draping himself over his ‘throne’. “I fancy a snack now, if only someone was...”


“Michael!” 


“What are you yelling for?!” He looks startled.


“Because rooms, once incanted, are sacrosanct. Nobody with ‘ill intentions’ can get in there!”


“We don't have ill intentions!” He protests. “We want the proper people to rule, which is me and David, and you as our advisor…”


“And that’s another thing, spend time with David. He and Christopher are getting too close for my liking. Since when do they play poker together?”


“Which do you want me to do?” He pouts. “Study or be with David? I can't do both at the same time!”


“Funny, Christopher seems to be managing to do that just fine!” I retort. “Go and do what you think achieve our aims.” 


“In that case, I am going out. I can study in the morning. It's not as if the Aldermen or Master Lieutenants are coming any time soon…”


CAVE - SAME TIME


BRIAN


“Brian.” He breathes.


“Tell me, what am I doing to you?”


“You have me naked against the mountain in Ireland.” He swallows hard. “You’re fing...fingering with one hand and stroking my cock with the other. Feels so good! So real!” Like me a few minutes before, when he assailed my mind with him giving me blow job, he is starting to squirm, I had to get off Jeb quickly, just about making it into the cave before I came. “Flicking my slit!” He pants before throwing one leg across my hips and starting to grind. “Yes, oh yes!” His yelping and rutting are turning me on so much!  


“Give me your wrist!” I demand, and quickly he holds out his arm, I pull it against my lips, then bite down and take a tiny taste of him. Not too much, as I don’t want him overwhelmed. “Oh!” I gasp as I realise he has bitten me at the same time, just below my collar bone. 


“I...I...I...oh!” He cries. I smile as I feel him throb and pulse against me. I wait for him to calm before licking the bite closed. “Don’t...I want to do it.” He mutters before returning the sealing favour. “Did you cum again?”


“Not as hard, but yeah, I did.” I brush his hair away from his neck, his pulse is staccato. “Ah, maybe I shouldn’t have, are...”


“Don’t. It was wonderful.” He slowly lifts his head and looks around. “We should go back, we need to replenish.” 


“Hmm.” Carefully we make our way back to the horses. I mount Joe and reach down for Justin. Once he is settled, and with a click of his tongue, the four of us make our way back to the castle.


INSIDE THE CHAMBER OF ALDERMEN ELDERS, ICELAND - TWO MINUTES LATER


EARL


“He…” I begin, completely flummoxed by this turn of events. “....I do believe we seriously underestimated their attraction to each other!”


“Replenish? Justin did say that, right?” Caroline looks at each of us. “Not ‘feed’ he said replenish.”


“I knew it, I knew he would!” Bernardus crows. We fight not to roll our eyes, he tends to get a little frothy when he’s right about something! “Didn't I say he would?! Brian is helping him get stronger. He wants him to be the equal he knows him to be as a Pure. Excellent, this is excellent!” 


Rodney beams, but then his face drops a little and he sighs.


“Rodney?” Virginia touches his arm, he shakes his head. “It is something, so what? Is it the Herma and the Le Mont Washington and Liberty Pitts coven shenanigans?”


“A bit of that, but mostly it's them…” He gestures towards the fading image of  Brian and Justin in the kitchen feeding each other honey cake. “...their pure bliss will be the stuff of legend, and we won't get to see it because they won't let us. They’re stronger together. This was a fluke, they were lost in the moment…and what a moment! I mean Brian was like a geyser and as for Justin...”

 

“Rodney!” We all exclaim before dissolving into hysterical laughter.

End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive. Thank you

The Fruits of His Labour by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 15 - THE FRUITS OF HIS LABOUR


BRIGHTMORE CASTLE - NEXT AFTERNOON


TURRET ROOF 


BRIAN


“He really does have good coffee.” I muse as I walk around the turret, taking in the vista of this place, relishing being a Pure, and all that that affords me. Like sight, Joe and his herd are about 10 miles away, and frolicking in a waterfall. “Definitely going there.” I decide, breathing in the rich aroma. I hear a low growl and look down the road. He’s driving back in his vintage US army jeep, and I do believe singing. Dixon really did keep him contained. He’s someone that, even though I asked ‘what good would it do’, needs to be presented to the council. If he’s done that to who was supposed to be his son, who, and more importantly, what else has he done?


“You have a good voice!” I yell as he pulls up. 


“Thanks! Come! Come see what I have!” He shouts back. As I jump down to help him, I am assailed by a scent, a sweet, familiar succulent scent. “Now just be patient, I have to do it properly!”


“Justin!”


“Properly!” He grins, and keeps that bag to himself.


KITCHEN - FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


“Okay, so it is a bit messy, but here…” I put it down in front of him. 


“Not in the season then?” He smiles as he peruses the fruit platter.


“Season? Oh no, they had sold out by the time I got there. So which is first?” I sit opposite him, having been told that we have a sweet tooth, but only for natural sugars, I read him as he rested, finding out his favourite sweets; things like dark chocolate and fruits, which are blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, mangos, guava, lychees, breadfruit and ortaniques. 


“The mango.” He replies, picking up a slice. I am taken aback when he holds it to my mouth. “Open up.” I take it in, the taste is undescribable. “Now try the ortanique, which is a cross between two oranges.” I say nothing but do take the remaining pieces of ortanique off the platter. He grins. “Yes, I too think freshly squeezed ortanique juice tomorrow morning is a good idea!”


“Need to freeze some for when we are back in the Pitts, since we can’t get this there. I am not dealing with them without that!” I declare as a gentle buzz radiates around my body. It feels like post honey cake but better. “Is that…”


“Normal? Yes, it is. Remember this is pure, it's the fruit, the whole fruit, and nothing but the fruit.” We stare at each other for a few seconds. “Couldn't resist it, I am not sorry.” I flick his knee. “So, milk or dark?”


Now this I have been looking forward to! “Which is sweeter?”


“Milk, and considering you have just had mango, let’s go to the dark side.” He breaks a piece off. “Now, let it melt on your tongue. Harness your purity, savour the notes, then swallow. Will you do that?” I nod and he places a square in my mouth. 


“Mmmm!” I moan minutes later whilst trying to get every trace of it. “That is...I want to try the milk! Please, Brian, please.” I open my mouth. He picks up another square and drops it in, then it gets weird. “Ouch!” I cry, clapping my hand over my suddenly twitching right eye and my head is pounding. “What is…”


“Overload.” Brian hands me a glass of water. “You need to cancel it out, and although it is horrid, this is the only way.” A minute later the pain has stopped, but I am drinking from the tap. Once the saltiness has gone, I look at him. “Let’s have a seat.” We sit back down and I wait. “As I said, we have a sweet tooth, but we, as in Pures, also have limits. You reached yours, so to bring the overload down, have salty water.” He rubs the back of my head. “Click your tongue.” I click and immediately my eye stops twitching. “Don’t know why, but it does.”


“Thought you knew everything about being a Vamp.” I tease.


“Shush.” He smiles before covering the platter and putting it in the fridge. “I take it you want the other thing now?” I nod. “Good. This is one thing we don’t have a limit for!” He beams and runs upstairs. He is back in seconds with a bottle of brandy. “Get the glasses then, this is not to be necked from the bottle.” I put down two tumblers and he frowns at me. “Seriously, that man needs to be found! Not these, those round bottomed crystal ones. Back to the sofa so we can strategise.” 


I copy his swirling action with the glass, then take a sip. “Be right back.” I tell him, and he tilts his glass. 


BRIAN


True to his word, he isn’t long. As he settles at the other end of the sofa with his iPad, I war with myself over planting the idea, but eventually retreat. “So, I tried sunshine, fruits, chocolate, brandy, horse riding and shopping in the daytime. That’s quite a list, and…”


“Head fucking, you must not forget that.” I point out.


“I hadn’t. It is going on a different list.” He returns. “How long till we replenish?”


“With what we’ve had, we can last till dawn. Ever seen the sunrise?”


“No. Have you never ever done something?” He pulls me towards him. I lay on his chest and think for a while. “Surely, you haven't done everything you ever wanted to?”


“Don’t call me Shirley.” I jibe before thinking some more, then it hits me, hits us, because he’s not done it either! “Want to?” I look up and he smiles. “We end with the sunset?”


“Perfect!” He grins before leaning down to kiss me. Twenty minutes later, we are getting ready for our first date.


ELDER STATESMAN RODNEY'S RESIDENCE - SAME TIME


CATACOMBS


RODNEY


Stunned, that is the only word to describe the situation we now find ourselves in, as we watch the bloodlines flow for the twentieth time we have to admit defeat.


“So now you know what we know.” Earl sighs. “They can't rule. I really hoped.”


“What do you mean they can’t rule?” Angelina looks confused. “They are our kings, no matter how we shift them they rejoin, so what’s with the siren call?” 


I gape at her. She has governed the Highest Counsel for years, she and her husband, Maurice. 


“How didn’t we see it?” Bernardus grumbles.


“Why would we be looking for it?” I ask gently. He is the romantic of the group.


“They look so happy.” Bernardus whispers. “It is so unfair!” He declares as Justin holds the taxi door for Brian.  We are silent as Brian, yes Brian, rests on Justin. I feel for them as they chat and laugh their way back to the castle. And when they are eating the rest of the platter as the sun rises I throw my hands up!


“How can you say we have found our kings?!” I exclaim. She purses her lips, but to hell with decorum! “Brian is part Warlock, and if he pure blisses with Justin, it will be too much and Brian will feel compelled to kill him, like...like a praying mantis!”


“Oh that, is that what this was about? Brian knows he’s part Warlock, which is why he has never pure blissed.”


“He does?” Bernardus stops pacing, and, like the rest of us, is incredulous. “How did he keep that from us...you mean that’s not a myth?”


“That a Warlock can block a read or present what they want to be seen? No, it is not.” Angelina smiles. “But Justin will see through it, he gets that from his human side. Besides, Brian is too honest not to tell him first. As for the compulsion, that urge is cured by....oh my, look! Like I said, he’s too honest!”


TURRET ROOF - A MINUTE LATER


JUSTIN


“So post pure bliss, a Pure but part Warlock Vamp needs dry scrambled egg with honeyed hot sauce on generously buttered toast.” I watch him carefully. He hasn’t moved away since he confirmed my suspicions, which is good, but the silence is stretching. “It does seem to be a perfect combo of protein, dairy, sweet and capsaicin?” Still he says nothing. “So will we be buying eggs soon?”


He feeds me some blueberries before smiling and nodding. “Seriously, you are okay with this? And when did you realise I am different?”


“There was a bit of pushback when I first read you and I couldn't understand, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought that’s got to be it.”


“I see.” Brian puts his head in my lap before looking skywards. “And with the greatest respect to the all those watching, can we please have some fucking privacy?!”


ELDER STATESMAN RODNEY'S RESIDENCE - TWO MINUTES LATER


CATACOMBS


ANGELINA


“See? Nothing to worry about.” I wave the image away, then beam at my relieved friends. “But some things Justin mentioned have puzzled me. Why would Dixon ‘suppress’ him like that?”


“I will speak to Brandon, he can find and fetch Dixon. I think Mel and he will make a good partnership there.” Earl declares. “Actually, come to think of it, what is Dixon’s bloodline?”


“No idea. Let’s check whilst we think about it.” I decide. Ten minutes later, things have become a little clearer. “Well, that explains the arrogance. And, come to think of it, he was a very poor student, but Dixon being Michael’s father? That I did not expect.”

 

End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive.

More Learning, She's Back and an Arrogant Step by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 16 - MORE LEARNING, SHE’S BACK AND AN ARROGANT STEP


MERCURY TOWER - TWO DAYS LATER


CLASSROOM


GUS


“I want to rip off his face then ram it up his nostrils!” I seethe as I look at the results of his execrable attempt at studying.


“May…” Emmett begins.


“How do you get 7% on a paper, after you say you studied all night? This fool could not sniff out a fart in a bag!” I fume. “Come in!”


“Well this is not going to improve your mood.” JR sighs as she enters. “Lindsay wants to return. She wants to be trained to hunt.” I can hear the blood chilling in our veins. “Seems she heard about Brandon going to look for Michael’s birth father, not sure how. Yeah, so now what?”


“We get JR to train her.” I gape as Alderman Virginia blooms in. “Emmett, fancy  a wager to see which of lust or learning wins?”


“Do…” I begin.


“No!” Emmett laughs, whilst shaking Alderman Virginia’s hand. “We have a bet.”


She kisses his cheek before turning to us. “JR, heads up, I do believe you could make life a little bit more squeaky for her.” JR looks as confused as me. “Rumour has it she’s not handled a weapon or done any exercise in her long and over privileged life.” She winks before she leaves. 


JR grins. “Oh, she should not have told me that!” 


“Hey sweetie, where you going?!” Ems calls out.


“To order some Orbeez. Lots and lots of Orbeez!” JR scampers out laughing.


“Wait for me!” Ems shouts.


“Coming with!” I run after them snickering.


JUSTIN’S CASTLE - AUSTRALIA


WATERFALL


BRIAN


We had a ride with Joe and Jeb this morning and worked up quite a sweat. I had, of course, packed ahead. Now he’s giddy and cooing as he takes everything out. “Which order do I use them in?”


“First, it is we, and the body scrub first. But...” I pull him over. “You know when I mind fucked you?”


“Oh yeah.” He grins. “Best and only one ever.”


“Well, I gave you a piece of me.” 


“I knew it!” I hear Bernardus cry.


“Excuse me a minute.” I shake my head. “Some people need to be taught.”


“No, no, I am…” Bernardus frets.


“Too late.”


“Brian, what’s going on?” Justin frowns.


“Wait...don’t be too hasty. Lindsay wants to be a hunter!” Bernardus exclaims.


“Share us!” I order, feeling the moment he does. “Tell him.” 


“Lindsay wants to be a hunter.” Bernardus repeats.


“What the hell for?! She couldn't hunt a...wait! Why were you...how long have you been watching?! Go away!” He orders getting behind me. We are both just wearing boxers: as we were about to get under the waterfall.


“He can’t really do that as he needs to explain, so let’s put our pants on back on.” I point out, absolutely loving his fury at this intrusion.


“I am so…” Bernardus tries, but really this is too much!


“Alderman, go away! We'll call you when we are properly dressed!” He hurries behind Joe and grabs the bag. “Seriously, way to ruin a moment!” Ten minutes later he is calmer. “So...she wants to be a hunter now?”


“Yes...” I start to chuckle, much to his confusion. “...who has never done an exercise class or held a weapon ever! She is also interested in Mel. But so is Brandon…”


“Mel would not be interested in her though!” He scoffs as he starts to put away the toiletries.


“This is true. Exactly what are you doing with those?” I saunter up to him and take them back out of the saddle bag.


“We need to speak to the Alderman. I would rather they don’t see what we use in the bathroom, even if it is a gorgeous waterfall.” He puts his hand underneath then frowns. “I could be going crazy here, but is it warm? The water I mean?”


“Yep, we are in a vortex. Take a look around.” His eyes go huge as he notices the swirling grey around us. “Warlocks have the ability to control the elements and block out Vamps, no matter how powerful.”


“So they can’t hear…”


“Or see us now...no.”


“Wow!” 


“And that’s what I’ve given you.” I smile down at him, feeling his bubbling excitement at this news.


“When?! When did you do this?!” He exclaims, then thinks. “When you bit my wrist?”


“Yep, also you gave me something too.”


“What?” I raise an eyebrow. “For real, I made your…”


“Yeah, you made it bigger!”


MERCURY TOWER - AFTERNOON


TRAINING ROOM


JR


I am so excited! I get to unleash my inner ‘devil child’, as I have heard them call us, to teach this preening princess that she can’t pick and choose at will!


“Good morning all!” I chirrup as I come in.


“Well now, aren’t you a pretty little thing!” Someone says. I am about to reprimand them when I see who it is...and wish I was a lot older! “Hi, my name is Brandon; I am the cousin of David and King Craig. I have heard much about...”


“What? What do you mean David and King Craig are related?!” The damn fool boy exclaims.


“How do you not know that about your beloved?” I ask.


“He’s never told me! And…” He turns as the door opens and the laughing group of Drew, Emmett, Chris and David come in. “...speak of the devil! Why didn't you tell me you and King Craig are related, David?!”


“He did.” Chris calls out as he goes to investigate the weaponry. “Oh my god, a crossbow! This is gonna be awesome!”


“No he…”


“Yes he did, Master Michael!” Emmett interrupts. Oh, I love him so, especially as he sneaks extra honey cakes to me! “It was at a dinner when both covens first met. Why else would they be meeting you?”


“Good morning, all!” The arrival of the preening princess again interrupts him, as well as stunning the room into silence for the way she is dressed. She looks like a bad riff on Xena Warrior Princess! “Worry not, I have not changed my mind about ascending. I want to be a hunter and understand that Master at Arms Marcus is one of the best trainers in the world, so...” 


“Will not be training you.” Brandon interjects. “She and I will be on another mission…”


“Um, that’s not quite correct, Brandon.” Alderman Bernardus blooms in, and winks at me. “It is the lovely JR here will be training both Master Michael and Princess Lindsay on the basics, but there will be practical training, so Princess Lindsay will be going with you.”


“And what about me?!” Michael demands.


“You get me.” Drew tells him. 


WATERFALL - SAME TIME


JUSTIN


“Brian...hey, Brian, what’s wrong?” I prod him to continue the body scrubbing.


“We need to get back this evening! Seriously, we’re leaving now!” He orders, starting to rinse me off.


“Why? I have loved this time where nobody can get to us!” I splutter as he holds me still. “Yes I know I am whining…” I pout at his terse response. “...but I have!”


“Because Michael has decided to try to make David jealous by making a play for Drew to pay him back for all the times he’s been spending with Christopher.” He replies. I chuckle at the absurdity of that, as if he would be interested in what little I have heard he has to offer! “Not finished. Who happens to be Emmett’s partner of 40 years.” 


“He’s Emmett’s...yeah bad idea!” I wince as we quickly dry each other, whilst thinking of the maelstrom Michael could find himself in. Brian told me to study the lineage of everyone we have, for want of a better phrase, been fraternising with, which came up with some interesting information. “You mean the same Emmett, who, although he is a Half, has the temper of Pure, because as he never gets really mad, so he has stored up, um, ‘rage’, and detests Michael?”

 

“Yeah, that one.” He replies.

End Notes:

Please, if reviewing, be constructive and kind, thank you.

Lord Victor Makes His Move by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 17 - LORD VICTOR MAKES HIS MOVE


MERCURY TOWER - NEXT DAY


BRIAN’S BEDROOM


BRIAN


I move my chin out of the way as he turns in his sleep. It was a long journey back. He had a quick feed when we arrived, then pretty much crashed out. Carefully, I slip out from underneath him, put on my robe, then head to the bathroom. He’s still asleep when I finish brushing my teeth, but the blanket has slipped down a bit. With regret, I cover his delicious looking butt back up and go downstairs. Now is not the time.


KITCHEN


I am surprised to see Drew in here, humming as well! “How’s your fellah? He was looking a little peaky.”


“Exhausted. What with the flight as well…” He frowns. “...we were in Australia, then we had to do the rest of the journey on foot to get here before nightfall.” I explain, grabbing an orange at the same time. “Not sure he’s ever run that far.”


“I see.” He rifles in the fridge before pulling out a bowl, I smile. “Think that ought to do it?”


“Oh yeah!” I grin, and take it off him.


LIBERTY PITTS COVEN - SAME TIME


LINDSEY'S ROOM


JENNIFER


I am trying not to laugh, but she looks so stupid in that outfit! “Lindsay, dear, I am not sure that...whoa! Underwear!” I turn my head, close my eyes, and put my hand up!


“Then it’s the perfect length!” She straightens up. “I want her to see what she’s getting.”


“You do remember that Gus and JR are going to be there?!” Craig’s voice makes us both jump. “Have some decorum and put on some pants!” She is as red as a strawberry as she does as she’s told. “So, do you know what the regime is going to be?”


“Not sure, but I look forward to it. People have this habit of underestimating me. I am not as weak as some may think.”


“We’ll see.” I retort. 


“What do you mean?” Craig frowns.


“We’ve been summoned to their first proper training session, which is what I came in here to tell you, Lindsay. Do not embarrass us!”


MERCURY TOWER - MID MORNING


BRIAN’S ROOM


JUSTIN


My eyes flutter open and I smile at Brian. “Thank you.” I mumble as I see the plasma bag hooked up to my arm. 


“You are most welcome. Go use the bathroom, have some fruits for you too.” He approaches the bed and wheels the IV stand out of the way. “You gonna be okay, or shall I come with?”


Slowly I sit up and sigh in relief. “I won't be long. Shame we left the ortanique juice.” I call over my shoulder.


“I packed it.” He calls back. “And Drew got you something.” This makes me brush my teeth even faster. I must have had a ‘pikachu’ expression on my face, because he’s smiling. “Get back in bed, or I won’t show you.” He makes sure that I am tucked in before reaching down for something. My jaw drops as I take in the bowl with the dark fat cherries, alongside lychees, grapes, figs, and something I don't recognise.


“Sharon fruit. Try that first.” Brian orders. When I do, he snorts. “Texture is weird, but tastes so good!” I just nod. “Now remember, don’t eat too much. What we don’t eat now, we can have after training.” 


“Okay. Are you getting back in?” 


“In a...you can’t leave the cherries for best!” He laughs, reaching for one. I should be mad at the read, but to be frank, I was so depleted last night, and to wake up like this is heaven! “Want to share before I go?” He picks one up, holding it against my mouth. I bite down, and it is an explosion of sweetness and juice. I finish it quickly so I can halve another. “So, the training is early evening, which gives us plenty of time to get them set up, me to explain, and help JR sort out the pool.”


“What?” I mumble around a mouthful of lychees. 


“Be back in half an hour. After you’ve finished, get a bit more rest.”


LE MONT WASHINGTON COVEN - TEN MINUTES LATER


COURTYARD


LORD VICTOR


I take another peek, they are so adorable! “Lord Victor!” Brian jogs up smiling. “I thank you for doing this. How much do…”


“Absolutely not.” I rebuke him gently, before handing him the cage. “It was a pleasure. Do you know what JR has planned?”


“No, but Emmett said they had bought lots of orbeez.”


“Oh dear.” I chuckle. “Well, I will see you later then. I hope he likes them.”


“Yeah, later, and he will.” He grins, and carefully makes his way back to the Tower.


“Why was he here?” Michael calls from the doorway. Sighing, I head back inside. I hope by not answering him, he will get the hint, but he never gets anything that doesn’t involve his ego or libido! “Didn’t you hear what I just said?”


“Yes, I did, and our reasons for his presence is none of your business. Now don’t you have a uniform to press in readiness for training?”


“Oh, Emmett can do that.” He declares.


“Emmett will not be doing that!” I snap. “Go and press it yourself!” 


“Vic, if Michael wants Emmett to do something, as Master of this coven, he has to obey his edicts!” Debs raps out as she approaches. 


“He is my adviser, not Michael’s slave. Nor is anyone else in this coven! Everyone gather!” I bellow. I have long gotten wholeheartedly sick and tired of their pervasive sense of entitlement! 


GREAT HALL - FIVE MINUTES LATER


“Lord Victor,  is everything okay?” A worried looking Ems pulls me to a quiet corner.


“Everything is fine, it’s just time to add more structure to this place.” I smile at him. I stride to my throne and sit down. “Don’t you dare!” I growl at an-about-to sit Debs. “Either of you. Join everyone else!” At first I don’t think they will move, but when Ems steps forward they quickly do so. “Ladies and gentlemen, I will keep this brief! As some of you may know, Master Michael is in training to accede to the throne…” Some gasp and others look horrified, which is why I made sure that their backs were to the rest of the coven. “...but Christopher is as well.” The looks of relief almost have me laughing, but I must be composed. “But until such time as either accede, they are not to be afforded special treatment. As they both, and Lady Deborah know, one of the tenets of ruling is humility, and being self-sufficient, so from this point on, anything they want, they have to do themselves.” Everyone is stunned. “Any questions?”


“Um...yeah.” A page puts up his hand. “We don’t have to do anything either of them say? Not that Master Christopher has ever asked me to do anything!” He adds hurriedly.


“Yes, that’s exactly what I mean. Everyone except Emmett is dismissed!” Debs scowls at me before she goes to tend the wounded ego that is Michael. “Thoughts about what I have just decreed…” I regard my dear friend carefully. “...and the rumours that have been circulating for years?”


“Rumours?” He hedges.


“Emmett.” I take his hand and float us up to the rafters. “I have heard mutterings, what have you heard?” 


“That he compelled young Hunter to take him to…”


“Ah, yes, that’s what I heard. We need to catch him though, for the moment he does, he is out of here, and if she wants to be with her oh-so-precious and set up elsewhere, then that is her choice! But I will no longer have that presence in my coven, especially if the other rumour is true.” I search his face. He’s struggling not to grin. “Come on, tell me! I swear I won’t tell anyone else!” I plead. “Emmett, please, you don’t have to tell me their names!”


“Oh, alright, but you promise?!” I nod furiously. “It’s true. They are home.”


“Excellent, just excellent.” I burble, and float us back down. “Now go about your day, I will see you later in training.”


“Oh, yes, that is going to be fun!” He titters as he heads out.


“Now that was an interesting move.” Rodney states as he blooms in. Before taking a seat in her throne, he waves Michael’s away. “Why?”


“Because I know my nephew.” I reply, taking my seat. “He will revert soon enough, and when he does I have a reason to boot him out.”


“If you heard about the rumours of compulsion, why not confront him with it?”


“No proof, but now I will have it.” I sigh.


“Because...oh, I see.” He squeezes my hand. “...look, maybe they are just that, rumours, but even if he does try and compel someone to do something for Christopher, how would that work? Surely, he knows he can only compel someone to do something for him, not anyone else?”


“He got 7% on his paper, what do you think?” I reply.


“I think you and I need to go to lunch!” Rodney orders, before taking me in his arms and blooming us away.


MERCURY TOWER - EARLY AFTERNOON


BRIAN’S ROOM


BRIAN


He looks so much better, Drew’s description of him as looking ‘peaky’ was being kind! “Keep your eyes closed. Now get down on your knees. I want you to hold out your arms and cup your hands, and don’t drop what I am about to put in there...of course I am blocking you, it wouldn’t be a surprise if you could read it, would it?!” I point out, then sigh as he tries again. “Justin, stop it. I will tell you after. Just let me do this, please?”


“Fine.” He grouches, then jolts as I put the stuff in his hands. “Now what?”


“Click your tongue, softly, but click it.” 


Huffing, he takes a few seconds, but does click. Nothing happens. He clicks again, till nothing. “Come on, now.” I whisper, and take them out. They sniff the air. “No, this is not yours. Look, yours is right in front of you, right there.” 


JUSTIN


Whatever this is, I am no longer doing it! I am about to get up when I hear a squeak, then feel something snuffling in my hands. “Open your eyes, Justin.” Brian orders. When I do, I look from it to him. I giggle as it makes sure every scrap of whatever was in my hands is gone. “So, what do you think?”


“That is so cute!” I whisper. “Where did you get it?”


“Her, and Lord Victor got them for me. We have them in common too.” He smiles as he joins me by the bed. “You can bring your arms in now.” 


“Brian, I can’t believe you love ferrets as well?!” I am stunned as I scoop her into my arms. “How did I miss...did you block that off?!” My anger evaporates in the face of his shyness. “You twit!” I chide him. “Do they have names...wait, what was in my hands? They don’t eat fruits, and it felt squelchy.”


“Minced beef and turkey necks, the latter for their teeth.” 


“Was it cooked?” He shakes his head, and I stare at him. “Have you ever tasted?”


“Real blood?” I nod. “No, too afraid, just in case that one thing is true.”


“Me too.” We regard each other, both of the same thought. “Let’s go wash our hands.” Five minutes later, we’re on the bed, watching the ferrets scramble amongst the bedding. Their chirrups and squeaks are so adorable. “So, do they have names?”


“Nope, thought we could do that together, but before that, I promise not to block you anymore, I just wanted them to be a surprise, which is the only reason I did it.”


“Can I block you?” I am disappointed when he shakes his head. “But you gave me part of yourself, that’s what you said.”


“I know...now don’t sulk.” He kisses me softly. “It’s because you were born human that I can only give you so much. I thought the best thing was the ability to shield yourself, another line of defence.”


“I wish I could give you something. I mean, apart from that.” I sigh. “Okay, as things go, I look forward to feeling it, but something more tangible than making your cock bigger would be nice.”


“Give yourself time, though as gifts go, I thank you very much!” He peers at the ferrets, who are curling up to go to sleep. “Let’s put them to bed and work off some of that angst, okay?”


“Okay.” I grin


CHAMBER OF ALDERMEN ELDERS, ICELAND - TEN MINUTES LATER


ALDERMAN LORELLE


I wave the image away. It is just me here. I look out into the frozen tundra and smile. 


“You okay, Lorelle?” Angelina asks as she comes in, having been with the others in the hall. 


“Yes, I am very happy. They are nesting.”


“They are?!” She beams. “Good. This is very good. Not sure why you thought him being part warlock would mean that he couldn't rule though?”


“Because of…”


“The feud between warlocks and vampires is long over. Brian can and will contain that side of him when it comes to Justin, but just to be sure, he gave him the ability to defend himself against him.”


“Do you...do you really think that…”


“Yes, I do think that. Sometimes, lines are matched because of practicality and what is best for the coven, and, at first, we thought that was what this is, but it’s not. They are starting to fall in love.” We grin at each other before hers falters. “Did you hear what happened at Le Mont?”


“Yes.” I sigh. “A wise move by Lord Victor. How do you think the training is going to go?”

 

“Badly, oh so very badly!” She guffaws, and I can’t help but join her.

End Notes:

if reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thanks.

Epiphany and Empath by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 18 - EPIPHANY AND AN EMPATH


BACK COURTYARD, MERCURY TOWER - EARLY EVENING


GUS


I catch the scathing look from Michael as we check out the cars. They are all Dodge Challenger Hellcats, so pure muscle cars. 


“And we are doing what now?” He asks.


“Following on from Lord Victor’s edict, so seeing how you can drive. Now that you will have to do it yourselves.” I reply. “You can’t just rely on being fleet of foot to get you from place to place. Now, everyone, please listen. You will have a couple of practice laps, then race against each other. Questions?”


I am not sure what conversation is going on between the Master Lieutenants, but going by the smiles on Mel and Ben’s faces, something good! 


“Do you think they are talking to each other, like mind-talking?” JR whispers.


“I think so.” I look across at them again. Brian looks stunned, but happy, as Justin walks off smirking. “Yeah, definitely!”


“Oh, I so wish I could do that!” She complains. “Though, that being said, I wouldn’t want the ability to see inside their cesspits!”


“JR!” I snicker. “Be nice! What have cesspits ever done to you?!”


“As there are no questions, I don’t see the need for practise laps, let’s just start the races!” Michael snipes. “Who am I up against? Christopher, I suppose?”


“Nope. You are up against me.” Ben replies coolly. “Sure you don’t want to practice first? In the time I’ve been here, I’ve not seen you drive.”


“I am quite sure, let us begin.” Michael declares before getting in a car then winding down the window. “So it’s quickest to finish then, is it?”


“Yes.” I retort. “On your marks, get set...go!” Ben roars off, leaving Michael not only in his dust, but also in the bush that he reversed into. “Do you need some help with the gear stick?”


“No thank you!” He growls before spending a good five minutes trying to extricate himself, during which time Ben has reversed very slowly back to the starting line whilst we’re all trying not to laugh. And by all, I mean all as the entire coven is either hanging out of the windows or gathered by the back door.


“Michael, let someone help you!” Lord Victor calls out, so I skip over. “Thank you, Gus!”


“My pleasure, Lord Victor! Now, Michael, if you could get out of the car so that I can...well, you know.” 


“You’ve just contradicted yourself, Vic.” Lady Deborah side eyes him. “Which is it to be, that he does it himself or people help him?” Emmett squeezes his palms together and looks heavensward. “We wouldn’t want confusion in the coven, would we?”


“Lady Deborah…” I see Lord Victor’s fangs lengthen, before he leans into her ear and begins to whisper. Her face changes from smug to annoyed, then she gets up and joins me by the car. This leaves both Michael and me confused. “...thank you, Sister dear!” Lord Victor calls out.


“Gus, I will help Michael with the car, you can go back to your place.” She grits out. He slides across to the passenger seat, and she gets in, before proceeding to make the situation a whole worse by reversing further and quicker...thus hitting the wall.


“Oh, for fuck sake!” Someone yells. “I had no idea how much we actually do for them!”


“Maybe Mel and I should race?” Lindsay suggests. “Whilst they are being extricated from their current predicament.”


“This is insane. How do you two not know how to fucking drive at your age?!” Justin blasts, as he strides over. “Cut the engine! By that, I mean take keys out of the ignition, then get out!” Silently, they do as they are told. He reaches in, I can hear him shifting the gears. “It is now in drive. Get back in and let’s do this!” But something makes him frown, then he looks under the car. “Oh for...Ben!” 


“What’s up?! Ben demands, joining him in the crouched position. “Drew, Brian, Mel, Brandon...we need muscle! Back wheels are caught over the channel, so they will just spin until we get them over!”


“Master...I mean Ben, can I help?!” Hunter calls out.


“Yeah, the more the merrier!” Ben shouts back, and soon the car is hauled over the channel and out of the bushes. “Let’s just wheel it over there, shall we?” 


LINDSAY


Oh, this is hysterical! I am enjoying their humiliation. “Loinsay, could you focus, perchance?” I gape at Mother’s butchering of my name and my lack of decorum previously. “They are asking you to race Mel. You know, like you asked?”


“Thank you, Mother.” 


“You are most welcome, and remember to dip, not crawl, into the car. We wouldn’t want anything to be exposed, now would we?”


Smarting, I head to the car. “Which one is mine?” I smile at her. She just points and gets in the other car. “So, my Ice Queen needs to be melted, does she?” I murmur to myself.


“She’s not icy, and she will never be your queen!” Booms into my head. “Believe me, she is most definitely not interested in you! No, stay in the car…” I close the door. “...much better, now get this straight: back off. I don’t have a single problem making you look like an inept simpleton, and anything you try to do, I will fuck up for you. Leave her alone. Go do what you do best and shop. I understand that the range of clit vibrators have been improved. Google is your friend...I am not!


I look around, it seems like time has stood still. There is a swirling mist, and from what I can see through it, nobody is moving! “Who is this?!”


“Not your friend.” The voice repeats before it and the mist are gone.


“So you want to practice, or shall we just race?” Mel calls out.


“Just race!” I reply.


“On your marks, get set...go!” Gus shouts.


I am pleased with myself as I was only two seconds behind her, but at least I was ahead of Michael, who finished dead last. But the best race was between Brian and Justin, they crossed the line together! So, on the fourth, Gus made them take the laps again, but with him and JR in each car. I have to admit, it is so thrilling, watching someone with proper skills doing that! 


“Time!” David calls out, as once more they cross together. “How? Just how is that possible?!” He and Christopher compare stopwatches, but something doesn’t sit right, I turn to look at JR as she gets out of Brian’s car.


“JR, are you okay?” I ask as I approach. She wobbles to a halt. “JR, are you okay?!” I repeat and stop her from moving. “Mother!” I shout over my shoulder. Within seconds, she and Daddy are by my side. “What’s wrong with her?”


“Queen Jennifer, if you could give her this, please!” Emmett orders. Mother takes the glass, then pushes the straw into JR’s mouth. “Drink, Little Miss, and don’t do that again!” 


The courtyard is silent as JR finishes, it takes a few seconds, but she starts to look a little better. “Well that’s not…”


She hadn’t fed! She is running on pure excitement and adrenaline. “How could you endanger yourself like that?! Despite your fifty years, you are still a child! You don’t have fully formed reserves at your age. Always feed. Never do that! Ever again, do you understand and promise?!” Everyone is staring at me. I have no idea where that came from!


“I do and I promise.” Is her meek reply.


“Are you still hungry? Emmett, that was honey water, I take it?” He nods. “Okay, does anyone have chocolate, preferably dark?!” I call out.


“Some in the kitchen, two minutes!” Hunter shouts over his shoulder as he runs inside.


“So the squire is not so smart then?!” Michael jibes.


“Thanks for your input, Mr 7%!” I snap, before running to my seat and grabbing my cloak. “What was I thinking wearing this?!” I mutter as I rejoin them. “Put this on, JR, you feel too clammy still.”


“Lindsay, are you okay?” Daddy frowns.


“Fine, but we need to get her replenished.” I brush off his concern for me whilst watching for the return of Hunter. Ten minutes later, everyone is relieved as JR is back to full strength, but I have an odd feeling in my mind.


“It’s called pride. Well done.” The voice from earlier states and I have to admit it feels really good!


JR


I can't believe she, of all people, did that! And as much as I love and admire Mel, this cloak feels so much better than hers, so soft. “You can keep it if you like, we can shorten it for you.” Lindsay smiles down at me.


“No thank you…” 


“I see and understand.” She sighs.


“No you don’t. I want to grow into it. I am still a devil child after all.”


“Well, until you do, I have one from when I was your age that will fit, and you can keep that as is. And…” She takes a huge breath. “...you are not a devil child. You’re just smarter and younger than me. And to be taught, it rankled. Sorry.”


“Thank you. You gonna say sorry to Gus too? Two devil children, remember?”


“Absolutely.” She sighs, then looks down at herself. “I look like an idiot.”


“Um, yeah, you do.” Hunter startles us. “But I have leggings and a tee that you could borrow. I mean, if you want.” 


“She wants.” I declare, before turning back to the group. “Everyone meet us in the pool room in fifteen minutes!” 


POOL ROOM - FIVE MINUTES LATER


BRANDON


“Are you absolutely sure?!” I demand of Todd and Ted, they both nod. “I knew I could feel something, but this?!” I sigh before looking skyward. “Alderman, if you please!” I call out.


“What is going on?!” Alderman Earl bellows as he and the others bloom in. “Let me in.” He orders, and for a few minutes he reads, which I hate, but being a three quarter means I can block a Pure. “Gather those that are here who were at the last meeting! And only them!” 


Within five minutes, everyone, like the Avengers is assembled! “Brian with me; incant!” He nods. “Et oblinito effectum adducuntur ulteriusque!” Soon the room is filled with swirling mists. It is quiet, and everyone outside of our ‘cocoon’ is still.


“So what is going on?!” King Craig demands. “What was with that sudden switch in personalities? What game is Lindsay playing.”


“She’s not, your highness.” I sigh. “But I am curious as to why you didn't mention it.”


“Mention what?” King Craig looks confused, I watch Brian carefully, he shakes his head.


“You didn’t know? Of course you wouldn’t. All adoptions are sealed, so you just see the child.”


“Didn’t know what?!” He demands.


“Lindsay is an empath. JR was so hungry, but was powering through, but being in the car with Brian sapped her strength…”


“An empath...are you sure?!” King Craig gasps.


“I am sure. Okay, I played a little dirty to warn her off Mel, but then I felt it. She was worried, so I pushed into Michael and planted the seed that JR needed help. He did mention it to his Mother, but when Lindsay and her parents went to assist, they lost interest, and spent the time during that bitching about Lord Victor’s new rules and how it has embarrassed them, how he is playing favourites with Christopher now. But he’s got a solution to that, he’s going to go after…”


“No!” Justin shouts. “He’s not! It’s fine, no problems there! Back to Lindsay.”


“Drew would not be interested anyway.” I scoff. “But yes, back to…”


“Drew? Michael is interested in Drew, as in Drew?” Emmett growls. “Why?”


“Emmett, can you and Justin talk about this afterwards?” Brian takes his chin, forcing him to look at him. “Justin can explain it gentler than me. We need to concentrate on what is going on with Lindsay and Justin right  now, so, please, can we?” 


“Me and Lindsay, why is there a me and Lindsay?” Justin frowns.


“Show me the lines! Angelina, get your ass in here!” Alderman Lorelle shouts, in seconds she arrives. “Sorry for the…”


“Forgiven! Let us read!” Higher Alderman Angelina retorts. “Rodney! Come on! 


Now the ‘lines’ have always fascinated me. As we watch the ‘proper history’ be written out, I feel his anger. “Calm him down.” I whisper to Justin.


“Brian, can you do what you did at the waterfall just for a minute?” 


“Fine.” He snarls, and much to the relief of everyone they are sealed off.


JUSTIN


“So you read ahead...why is there a me and Lindsay? Would rather you told me.”


“She’s your sister, half, mother’s side. She’s two years older. She gave her up immediately, never told your father.”


“I can see why you would want me to speak to Emmett, that was brutal!” I give what he has just said some thought. “Well that explains my lack of hatred for her. Any time I was in her company, I always felt something, but not sure what.”


“Now you know.” 


“So why are you mad?” I rub his knuckles. He starts to calm down and I smile. “I’m okay. Yeah, I am pissed that someone meddled with our lines, but don’t take on my pain. I can handle that myself...I know I don’t have to, but remember that other part of you, the one you’ve only protected me from, not the rest of the world? Please let me handle this. Will tap you in if needs be, okay?” 


“Fine. but only just!” 


“Can we go back out now?” I get my answer when the mists clear and there are very worried faces peering at us. “I will tell her. Brian will be back up, but will only come in when asked. So what else is there?”


“Well, apart from James Dixon being Michael’s birth father, and…”


“At least you’re not related by blood, just briefly by marriage.” Brian grumbles.


“You were adopted by Dixon and his wife?!” Rodney exclaims.


“I thought you would know that. How don’t you know that? You are the Aldermen?!” Brian shouts. 


“Brian.” Again I take his hands. “Look at me. In with the good air…”


“...out with the bad…”


“...inhale the sweet…”


“...to replace the sour…”


“...so that you won’t be dour...”


“...sad or mad.” Nobody says a word as I calm my Warlock down. “Of all the things to plant in my head, you pick that!” He gripes, before turning to the assembled group. “I am okay, just as long as there are no more surprises.”


“Um...just one.” Alderman Bernardus sighs.


“What?” I demand.

 

“Dixon has a cousin, he is Equerry Sapperstein. It is him, we think, that has messed with the lines!” Bernardus spits. “But rest assured, a Pure line cannot be tampered with, so their path and connection is real."

End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive, if reviewing. Thx

Play Time! by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 19 - PLAY TIME!


OUTSIDE THE POOL ROOM


JR


Lindsay has given me a piggy back to here, but is yet to put me down. I swing my feet as I wait for them to say we can come in, nudging Gus’s shoulder every time. “JR, stop!” Gus whines. 


“Regained your strength, I see.” Alderman Lorelle smiles as she pokes her head out. “Are we all here?”   


“Yes, some are more happy about it than others.” Gus smirks at a sulking Michael and Lady Deborah. 


“Everyone enter.” Alderman Lorelle swings open the door. 


“Why are we in here?” Queen Jennifer asks as she peers into the pool. 


“This is an exercise about focus, trust, knowing and a bit of humour.” I squirm down from Lindsey's back and nod at a page, soon the pool is being filled with orbeez. “Now normally these would take some time to reach capacity, but if I could call upon the ‘powers that be’ to speed things along, that would be most kind.” 


“With pleasure.” Elder Aldermen Rodney and Angelina stand on either side of the pool.


“But first, everyone who is training has to get in!” I declare. “Opposite who we consider your sparring partners! 


“Excuse me, Jamie…” Michael cuts in. “...but for my mother and uncle, together with Lindsay’s parents and us, you should use theirs and our proper titles within our presence. To speak to us as mere commoners is disrespectful. I let it go before, but in the presence of the Aldermen I will not.”


I am about to clap back when something makes me turn to Justin. “Calm down, don’t let him get to you.” Justin tells me...in my head! I am so happy I could burst! “Don’t acknowledge the comment. Take a deep breath, then let Brian speak next. Cross your fingers if you can do that.” I do so. “Thank you.”


“You are looking much better, JR.” Brian calls. “And as Lindsay said, you must feed regularly. Now, ready to assign us?”


“Yes, thank you. So it will be…”


“Remember our lineage!” Michael calls out, earning a proud smile from his mother. 


JUSTIN


Ooh, what a...noxious bellend that toddler is!


“Perhaps, JR,  it would be best if I took over at this point. Let’s see if he continues to be a bully when faced with me?” Everyone turns to Michael, who says nothing. “Thought not. So we have the following pairings, get in as you are matched up. Gus and JR, Ben and Hunter, Mel and Brandon, David and Christopher, Michael and Drew, and Brian and me.” I suppress my chuckle at what JR has planned. “Everyone in the pool. Opposite ends!” 


“Uh, you have left out Lindsay!” Michael sneers. “And why is Nuner included in this?”


“Nope, she is the referee!” I retort. 


“And Hunter is included because we wish it.” Elder Statesman Rodney stares Michael down. “Glad that is no longer an issue for you.”


“Referee?” Lindsay frowns.


“Yes, you are to ensure there is no cheating, so stand in the middle of the pool!” I grin at JR once we all get into position. “Whenever you are ready!” I call out. I watch, as with their incantations, the orbeez begin to swell and what started off being around our ankles are within seconds around mid thigh on everyone. Their powers are awesome! “Tell them when, JR!” When it gets to waist level, she calls out for them to stop. “So tell us what you want us to do.” I order.


“Everyone's to be blindfolded.” JR explains. “Again, if you could oblige, please?” 


ALDERMAN LORELLE


“Oh, you are sublime!” I declare as I take a read of that little halfling. “Now this is temporary, Angelina, do it.”


“Wait!” Michael cries out. “The master lieutenants are purebloods, they can…”


“Be quiet!” Angelina rasps, her eyes aflame. “Or I will have your teeth pulled! Do you know how long they take to grow back, how long you would have to remain inside? You don’t, so I will tell you: six months. Gonna talk?” He shakes his head quickly. “Good.” She straightens her spine before muttering, there are gasps from everybody in the pool. “All yours, JR!”


“So those in the deep end need to find their ropes first. Alderman Lorelle will tell you the insignia, there is one at each end, obviously. Then you need to tell your partner what that insignia is, but not in so much detail that their opponents can guess what it is and steal it! Lindsay, this is where you come in. Once a rope has been claimed by saying ‘got it’ and telling their partner or an opponent to tie it; if, when you check it, they are tied to the wrong person but guessed the right insignia, then that couple is out of the game! But if they are right, the rest of the opponents have to stop them from getting out!”


LINDSAY


“So, Lindsay, if you start the match.” Alderman Lorelle smiles. “In Latin.”


Just remember what she taught you…


“Can we get this going, these things are going places they really shouldn’t?!” Michael complains, but then smirks. “Although, if Drew wanted to retrieve them afterwards, that would be fine!!”


“Marcas ad tuos ire compararim paro!” I call out. For a few seconds, Michael doesn’t move, I huff in annoyance. Yes, I didn’t like being taught by children, but at least I tried to learn! “You can move now, Michael!”


After a few minutes of fishing around in the orbeez, the first person to pull out a rope is, surprisingly, Ben! “Now, Hunter, I need you to focus. It feels like an animal…” Hunter plunges under, and at first I don’t think he’s going to come up, but then he does and he has a rope. I wade over to him, but before I check on him as he is coughing slightly, I hear a triumphant whoop from David. 


“Chris, think of caestus artemque!” He calls out, and Christopher nods. 


“Justin!” Brian shouts. “gloine brandy!” Justin grins back.


“JR!” Gus bellows. “Your favourite candy!”


Brandon just gazes at Mel for a few seconds, having resurfaced. “Your favourite succulent!” I am surprised that she looks surprised. 


Drew then surfaces and feels the end of the rope. “They are gonna get broken by either me, them or him!”


“Now that everyone knows what they are looking for, the howlers tie them around your waists...the tuggers begin!” I holler.


For the next twenty minutes, people are crying with laughter as the combatants flounder in orbeez trying to find a rope to get to their partner or stop others from finding theirs..


“Got it! Tie it on!” Michael shouts. I have to admit to being disappointed myself! Once Drew does so, he yanks hard, but instead of Drew it is Ben that is pulled forward. Then something odd happens. I feel a rage coming, such intense rage, and it is directed at Michael.


“Stop!” I order, but he keeps pulling Ben towards him. “Michael, I said stop!” 


“But…”


“Feel your end. Does it feel like Drew described it?” I command.


“It feels like…” He strokes, then smiles. “...exactly as he described. A dagger!”


“You are incorrect. Go back to the beginning.” I order as I untie him, then turn him around, but he doesn’t move. “I said back to the beginning!” Slowly he starts to wade back. “Restart!” I declare, which means he gets caught in the crossfire of people trying to find their ropes! Twice, Mel manages to bump him so hard that he sinks. Hunter yanking up a rope, feeling it and the resultant throw of dismay hits him in the face!


“Got it, tie it!” Mel bellows. I check her insignia. “Well?” She demands.


“Pull!” I shout, then just about get out the way of a lunging Hunter.


“Mel, not a word. Nothing!” Brandon yells, then raises the rope, flicking her up in the air, before pulling her quickly down into his arms then they make their way to the side. 


Wow, is all I get out before the shit hits the fan!


“Ooof! This is Hunter! Do I feel like a…” Is all he gets out before he is shoved out of the way by Chris. 


“What’s this?!” Chris hollers.


“My left boob! How do you not know that?!” I screech before laughing. “Let go!”


“Sorry, Lindz, tryna find Mel!” He snickers before turning wildly about and smacking Michael on his ear.


“Ow!” Michael yelps, before being dunked back under by Gus.


“Mel’s...uh...something feels kinda squishy!” Gus declares, then gives a squeeze.


“No. My right boob!” I declare, quickly he snatches his hand away. 


“Whoever has their hand on my dick, kindly remove it!” Is barked out by David, and we all go still. I wait for the person to surface. Slowly, but surely, a mortified JR rises up. “Who is it?!”


“Shall remain nameless!” Alderman Lorelle decrees. “This is over now! Let everyone see!”


“I might not quite have thought this through.” JR calls out as she scurries to the side, Alderman Lorelle helps her out. “Thank you, Alderman. I want to leave so badly!”


“Now, my darling, don’t feel bad. Didn’t you hear the laughter? People enjoyed themselves. Now, everyone out, then everyone else can enjoy the pool!” Quickly, people start to shuck off their outer clothing and gather by the side of the pool, waiting for the combatants to get out.


“What was the point of this?!” Lady Deborah snarls. “Michael has been used as a whipping boy and punching bag, Queen Jennifer, poor Lindsay has been molested, and…why didn’t you say Michael, David?!”


“Say Michael about what?” David helps Chris out, then Gus.


“About hands on your junk?! Surely you should know what your boyfriend’s hand feels like?!”


“Exactly! I do know! Which is why I said ‘whoever’!” David carps back before he helps a slightly weighted Michael out. “Why are you so heavy, Mi...what the hell?!” He gasps, and once more the room is rendered silent as we take in Michael’s full majesty!


Seems he wasn’t joking about them getting everywhere. He reminds me of Augustus Gloop from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, his outfit is so stuffed! I know how I looked, but Michael had dressed as a back-to-the-future-and-past Robin of Sherwood Forest, so he had them in the crevices! He also has them in his mouth, which explains the almost-silence, but he looks like a deranged chipmunk! Hunter comes up with a bucket, and points ‘in there’, but Michael, being Michael, turns to empty his mouth into the pool! I grab the bucket and manage to get it under Michael’s head so he doesn’t achieve his aim, which is to ruin the fun for everyone else!


Like everyone else, I am repulsed by the amount he brings up, but he finally stops. “I could’ve choked to death!” He rasps. 


“No vampire in the history of vampires - pure or half - has been killed by choking!” I snap.


“Lady Deborah!” Alderman Lorelle calls out. “Please assist your son! Put them in the...I think it might be best if you go outside and do it, we wouldn’t want that bucket being accidentally kicked over, now would we?”


“Perhaps Elder Statesman Rodney could help?!” Lord Victor calls out. “You know, the waving thing…” Before they can object, Lady Deborah, the bucket, and Michael are gone.


“It is all yours!” Elder Statesman Rodney shouts, and my ears ring with the whoops and hollers of the coven staff as they leap in. 


I am about to join them, but stop. “Wait! Wait a second! The master lieutenants, where are they?!” 


“Up here.” Justin laughs as they float down. 


“But you weren’t allowed to read each other, that was one of the rules.” I look at JR, then my jaw drops. “Focus, trust, and knowing…” I think a bit. “...to focus on your partner, not their voice, on them. We...we can see shadows, can’t we? Forms, we can see. As halflings, I prefer that to halfbloods, we can’t read, but once we are, oh, what’s the word? Att...no not that, not bonded either, oh! Connected! That’s it. You have been connected!” I sit down. “I know I shouldn’t be, but I am a bit jealous. You are so lucky. I am not connected with anyone…”


“Thanks.” JR grumps as she sits next to me. “There I was thinking we were becoming a big and little sister combo.” 


“Oh, I would like that! So much!” I beam at her. 


“Great! Now come on, let’s play!” JR grabs my hand, and together we jump back into the pool.


“Hey!” Gus hollers as we surface. “Want a little brother?!”


“Jump!” I order, holding out my arms, and when he lands in them I feel the happiest I have ever felt in years.


TURRET OF MERCURY TOWER - TEN MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


“Nicely done.” Brian murmurs. 


“Thanks! I could see she was gonna lose it with him, so…”


“Is she your first after me?”


“First what?” I ponder, then realise. “Yeah, she is! Jared doesn’t like me to do Ben, so I don’t. Can I tell Lindsay about us like that, or would the outside voice be better?”


“Outside is definitely better.” Brian peers over the side. “What was he thinking when he put that on?” I join him and almost bite through my tongue and lip as Lady Deborah and Michael pull the orbeez out. They’ve filled the bucket from his boots alone. 


“Did you see it, the lines?” I ask quietly. “They tried to hide them, but I saw, did you?”


“Yeah.” He wraps his arms around me. “How do you feel about it?” I close my eyes. When I open them seconds later, we are cocooned, but instead of grey, it is dark as night and quiet. The only thing we can hear is each other. “Are you sure? I mean, I want to but not...”

 

“Not a pure bliss. But yeah I am sure.” 

End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing. Thx.

Confessionals, Connections and an Order by MissMerlot
Author's Notes:

I have decided from this point on to use italics when Brian and Justin are using telepathy - to make it clearer.

CHAPTER 20 - CONFESSIONALS, CONNECTIONS AND AN ORDER


DEBS


Their laughter from inside grates on my nerves. “Michael, will you keep still?!” 


“Those brats need to go!” Michael snaps before spitting out more orbeez. “I will be speaking to the Aldermen and Master Lieutenants, that was intolerable!” I turn away as he puts his hands down his pants. “You can look now.” Instead of doing that, I start to head back inside. “Ma, where are you going?!”


“To speak to Queen Jennifer.” I call over my shoulder. 


POOL ROOM - TWO MINUTES LATER


QUEEN JENNIFER


I grimace as I feel the anger long before she arrives. Sighing, I turn to Craig to explain, but he just shakes his head. “Let the Alderman deal with her, you’ve got a daughter to notice.”


“What do you mean?” I frown.


“Look at Lindsay, really look at her. Have you ever seen her look like that?” I watch Lindsay in the pool. She is laughing, even with Chris and David, she is laughing. “I have to confess something, let’s go to the hall.” 


“Queen Jennifer! If I may have a word, please?!” Debs hurries towards me.


“Not now.” Craig raps out. “I wish to speak to my wife alone, King beats a supposed Lady!” 


“There you are, Sis!” A smiling Lord Victor comes over. “How’s the deballing of Michael going?”


“Vic!” She groans. “Yes, we are all friends here, but did you have to say it like that?!”


“He has balls upon his person, which should not be there. He was not referencing the ones attached to him.” Craig chortles. I can’t help my smile. “I am glad you’ve joined us, Lord Victor, could Jennifer and I use the Hall before dinner, there is something we need to discuss privately.”


“Privately? In that case, you can use my upper chambers.” Both Debs and I are surprised by this. “Emmett! Could you show Jennifer and Craig to my chambers?”


“Of course, my pleasure, would you like some refreshments as well?” I nod. “Marvellous! If I could prevail upon the Elder Statesman Rodney to get us there, that would be quicker.” Emmett smirks at the aggravated expression she sports. “And Lady Deborah, judging by that frantic signalling behind you, Michael needs his Mama.”


LORD VICTOR’S CHAMBERS - 10 MINUTES LATER


KING CRAIG


I hum as the buzz of the honey cake makes its presence felt. Jennifer, for once, looks semi-serene. “She gets it from you, you know?” I take her hand.


“What does Lindsay get from me?”


“Her impatience and vanity.” She sighs. “I love you, and I would’ve come to love you without the need for you to do that.” She looks both surprised and guilty. “I have always known, but things have come to pass that, as of now, only I am privy to, but I am asking you to admit to the Alderman what you did.”


“But...what if...” She looks fearful. “...you would’ve loved me anyway?!” She stammers, then tries to pull away, but I tighten my grasp. 


“Yes, you were then, and are now, one of the most delightful of WASP queens I have ever met, but you doing that is the reason they have Le Mont, and we are in Liberty Pitts…wanted to humble you a bit.”


“Oh.” She curls her fingers around mine. “What do you think will happen when we tell them?”


“We?” I frown. “ What do you mean we?”


“We need to get the Aldermen and Lindsay.” She replies.


GAZEBO OF MERCURY TOWER - SAME TIME


MICHAEL


“What could they have to talk about privately?” I seethe at Emmett’s snickering before he disappears inside, having informed us that the dinner was going to be delayed. “And he needs to go too!”


“Who does? Oh, you mean Emmett? Have been saying that for years, but Vic won’t agree to that!”


“Well, when I accede, he’s going to be banished first!” I start to cough, then bring up more balls. “And we are never having these fucking things in this coven again!” I touch my ear. “Am I healing? I want to look my best for the dinner tonight.”


She looks me up and down. “Yes, you should be fine by then. Now go and get ready. I need to find the Master Lieutenants.”


LORD VICTOR’S CHAMBERS - TWENTY MINUTES LATER


QUEEN JENNIFER


I don’t think I have ever heard the Aldermen so quiet. “I know what I did was wrong, but there’s more.” 


“Lindsay.” I prompt.


“I wanted Christopher, but knew he had feelings for Michael, so I asked...I asked my Mother to lock them off, then I compelled him to like me, for which I unreservedly...”


“And how do you propose to correct these misdemeanours?” Alderman Lorelle demands.


“That’s the thing, I am not sure we can yet without putting Christopher in danger.” I take a deep breath, “I think, having watched them, that he has strong feelings for David, which are reciprocated, but obviously because of the locking off and David being with Michael, they won’t do anything. But I do know they have been spending a lot of time together. If they are unlocked and Michael finds out, once he accedes he will banish one of them and bask in the misery of the other. I also think that Lady Deborah is of the same thought…”


“I have to say that David and Christopher are a better match. It’s obvious to me, not sure about anyone else, that she’s never liked Christopher. I have often wondered why she adopted him?” Alderman Earl sighs.


“They were together all the time in the foster home. She wanted Michael, but was persuaded by the agency to take both.” I scrub my face. “And Michael was well aware of how Christopher felt until…” I trail off. 


“If I may?” Lindsay looks at the Aldermen, they nod. “Having shared his company, Michael is a spoiled egomaniac. He thought he had a shot with Master Lieutenant Kinney after all. “


“He did?! Good grief!” Alderman Virginia snickers. 


“I have made a decision.” Alderman Bernardus declares. “You two will be protectors of Christopher, plus Gus and JR. I suspect they will all be banished along with Emmett should he accede…”


“What about the Master Lieutenants, shouldn’t they be here for this?” Craig asks.


“No. They had an urgent matter to attend to.” Alderman Virginia smiles. “Now for the rest of the evening, let’s put this aside. Angelina, if you could please?”


“Oh yes, of course!” She grins. Within minutes, we are back at the Mercury Tower.


MERCURY TOWER - KITCHEN - SAME TIME


JUSTIN


There we were, all ready to get it on, when we both remembered the ferrets.


“We can’t keep calling them Cute and Cuter!” I laugh as I pick them up. 


“Why not? It describes them perfectly; they both are, but Cuter is cuter.” He says over his shoulder. “Yeah, for future reference; Cuter is the darker one. Cute is naughty.”


“You do have a point.” I say as after putting them down. Much to his surprise, Cute licks Cuter’s face.


 


“Ah, Master Lieutenants, there you are!” Lady Deborah smiles as she enters. “I wonder if I could have a word?”


“About what?” I gruff out whilst Brian continues to prepare the food.


“The dinner tonight, as in, is it necessary for the entire coven to be in attendance? Especially the servants and the children?”


“This is a rarity for all the Aldermen, Elder Statesmen Angelina and Rodney to be here, Elder Statesmen Maurice is coming over as well.” Brian turns to her. “It is their request that everyone be present.”


“I see. But maybe there could be a way of emphasising the hierarchy of…”


“They have requested that everyone mingle so that they get to know everyone.” I smile without showing my every lengthening fangs, but my lips twitch when I recall, just before we left, JR and Gus both begging Emmett to allow them to move seats so that they could sit at the same table as Lindsay. “So, if you have an issue with the seating plan, you would need to take it up with either your brother or Emmett.” 


“Fine, I will speak to them directly.” She simpers before swishing out. 


“Awww!” I declare as I turn to see Cute and Cuter wiggling their butts as they eat their mix of hard boiled eggs, raw lamb and short rib. “You could’ve waited!”


“I could’ve, they couldn’t. They were hungry, remember? Which is why we came down here in the first place.” He sighs. “I hate to say this…”


“She is such a cockblocker!” I snap. “We have to go to the dinner, don’t we?”


“Yeah, but only for the appetiser. The main course is going to be just us.”


COVEN DINNER - GREAT HALL - HALF AN HOUR LATER


BRIAN


I glower at Justin. The way he is eating that piece of beetroot, then licking his lips before starting on the cherries, almost has me snapping my fork!


“Master Lieutenant Kinney!” JR bounces up to me, clutching Cuter. “I can make him dance! Look!” She holds him up and manipulates his body along to the music. “He is so bendy!”


“They both are!” Gus laughs, having finally got a hold of Cute from Hunter. “Can we babysit them at George and Drew’s? Please?!” 


“I am so sorry, Master Lieutenant.” Michael calls out as he slithers over. “Children, these are not your pets. As my mother tried to explain to you earlier, these...”


“Are our pages, and babysitters to Cute and Cuter.” Justin interrupts as he approaches with another halfblood, but it is the anger from the two of them directed towards Michael that is concerning me. 


“And this is?” I ask whilst trying to get both of them to calm down.


“Yes, Master Lieutenant Taylor, please introduce this handsome fellow to us.” Michael’s lascivious look only serves to ramp up the rage. 


“This is Jared. He is Ben’s partner.” Justin replies. 

 

 

Ah that explains the anger!


“Hmm. Is this a long term monogamous thing?” Michael tries to step forward, but is jerked back. “Excuse me, Master Lieutenant Kinney, I think my cloak is caught under your chair.”


“Let me help you...” Gus hands Cute to Jared, who takes the seat next to me, a wise move in my opinion, before hunkering to check. He’s not down there long. “...it’s not caught.”


You naughty little puck, let him go!


How do you know it’s me?! It could be...


Justin, let him go!


Michael tugs on his cloak again. The resultant force propels him forward, unfortunately right into the crotch of his Uncle.


“Michael, what are you doing?!” Lord Victor exclaims, shoving him out of his lap.


“He tricked me!” Michael splutters as he gets up. “He said my cloak wasn’t caught!”


“And it wasn’t!” Gus protests. 


“Maybe not under his chair, but I bet you were standing on it?!” Michael snaps back.


“Halflings powers start to develop when they are 80.” Lindsay blazes, coming to stand behind Gus. She was sitting with Lord Victor. The immediate switch from laughter to protection gives someone hope. “How could he be standing on it when he is in front of you?”


LADY DEBORAH


I have been keeping my eye on the ‘powers that be’ and those that have their ears, and want to scream with frustration! If he wasn’t my son, I would’ve slashed his face by now. I need a break from the joviality, and stand up.


“There she goes again, off to rescue her son from another round of humiliation.” Someone from a table behind snickers. “Maybe he wouldn’t get his ‘cloak caught’ if he wasn’t dressing like Vlad the Impaler, unironically, in this day and age!”


“Takes after his mother in sartorial tastes. She dresses like Marie Antoinette. She needs to remember what happened to her!” Another person chortles. 


I hold my head high and walk outside into the relative cool of the garden whilst trying to formulate a way out of this mess, which, once more, Michael has gotten us into! I decide to once again speak to the Master Lieutenants, but when I get back into the hall they are gone.


BRIAN’S ROOM - FIVE MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


So right now, I am tasting beetroot, cherries, blackberries and red wine! “When did you have that?” I demand as I walk him back to the bed. 


“That was the appetiser, remember?” He smirks.


“How’d it feel?” I ask as I start to take off his clothes. “Your first freeze as a part Warlock?”


“Oh, that was so good!” He hauls my shirt off. “Though, you didn’t give me as much of you as you could.” I hold his chin. “Been reading, so…”


“You aren’t strong...” I sigh, knowing this would come up.


“Would I ever be?” He resumes undressing.


“Yes.” I reply, before raising an eyebrow.


“Really?!” He squeals, before flipping us onto the bed. “Are you absolutely....of course you are!”


I retract my fangs and enjoy his giggles when he tries to remove my trousers before my boots. When we are finally naked, he is just staring. “Like I said, you made it big...oh!” I gasp, as without preamble, he takes me down whole. I am transfixed as his head bobs up and down whilst he assails my mind with how it looks!


Stop that! I won’t last! But if you want, we could...He stops bobbing and looks up at me. So, up for it? 


What do you think? I can read you too, remember?! Now, get them! 


I hand the lube and condom to him, but he shakes his head. “You sure?”


“Absolutely. And you really need to hurry!” He orders, then straddles me before leaning down for a kiss. As our mouths meld together, I put the condom on with one hand whilst working my puck’s pucker with the other, it feels so soft and smooth. He stops kissing, looking slightly miffed. “Of course I am hair free, I am not an ape! Nobody should have hair there!”


“Sorry, but some men do.” I return, before sliding in a finger. His gasp and writhing tells me I am forgiven, whilst his dripping pre-cum and pulling of my hair says go faster! He kisses me again when I push in my thumb. I tear my mouth away from his. “Look at me! Look at me!” Our eyes lock. “Whenever you want.” 


“Now, right now.” He breathes. I remove my digits, slowly he lowers himself onto me. I can see his descent in his eyes. 


“Can you see what I see?” I pant.


“I see! I see!” He cries before sitting upright and grabbing my hand. “Do something with this!” I take his cock and start to stroke his beautiful crown. It is so bulbous. I can’t wait to taste it and feel it inside me! He plants both hands on my chest and starts to move quicker. “Oh, mercy, mercy!” 


“ou’re clutching so hard, are...you gonna cum!? Are you gonna cum?!”


“Yep! Yep!” He screams before his seed hits me on my chin, then dribbles down my neck. I follow seconds later, the force has me hitting his still jangling spot hard. He swallows before his fangs spring out, and he rakes his nails along my chest. I relish the slight sting. 


“Justin?” I grab his hands. His eyes are black, lids fluttering. “Come back, come back to earth.”


FIVE MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


I am stunned to find that I am still seated. He has a sly smile. “I should...uh…”


“It’s okay, take your time.” He rests his hands on my hips, before bringing his legs up so I can lean back. 


I grin, then look out the window, it is dark out. “Can you check if the dinner is over? For some reason, I haven’t got the strength just at this minute.


“Sure…” He nods before grimacing. “...nope. They are still on the second main course.” Sighing, he sits on his elbows. “Forgot how long these fucking things are. You need to replenish.” I am about to get up when he stops me. “Stay there. I prepared ahead.” He reaches for the cloche I had spotted before getting deliciously distracted. Putting it on his stomach, he lies back down. I lift the lid.


“Brian!” I gasp at the array of fruits, before popping a juicy strawberry in his mouth. He reciprocates. “Not that I am complaining, but how are you still hard?”


“Because you are.” He replies, resuming the featherlight touches to my crown.


“We’re that connected?!”


“Oh yeah!” He smirks.


HALL - THIRTY MINUTES LATER


ALDERMAN CAROLINE


I scan the room, finally locating Equerry Sapperstein. He has spent most of his time in his quarters, not mingling at all, but now he has a pinched look on his face. Smiling sweetly, I approach him. “Are you having a good time?” 


“Not really. I don’t hold with the mixing of…”


“Well we do.” I interrupt. “And as long as no lines are crossed, then it’s fine, isn’t it?”


“Not…” He begins before his phone rings. He looks surprised when he checks who it is. “Excuse me, Alderman, I need to take this.”


“Of course.” I smile as he rushes out, his phone clamped to his ear. “Try as much as you might, there is no way you are messing with those lines again!” I mutter. 


GAZEBO - TWO MINUTES LATER


SAPPERSTEIN 


“Dixon, why are you calling me whilst I am with the Aldermen?!” I snap. It has been agreed that I contact him, as I can be assured that I am alone. “Is that all?!” I hiss. “So what, you’re the spoiled brat’s father! I didn‘t hide that too much, what do you mean why not?” I slash the door, leaving lovely marks, wishing it was his face. “Listen to me, at least one or even both of the ‘kings’ are here, but nobody knows who they are apart from the Aldermen. Just get here and do exactly as I tell you!” 


“Equerry Sapperstein?!” Alderman Bernardus calls out. ”You’re holding dinner up!” 


“Just coming!” I call back. 

 

 

I take a few minutes to calm down. I am sick and tired of being their lackey, but with the plan I have in place, soon Pittsburgh will be part mine, and they will have to deal with me on my terms!

 

End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and construtctive. Thx

Mother, Brother, Sister...Other by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 21 - MOTHER, BROTHER, SISTER...OTHER


DINNER - FOURTH COURSE


SAPPERSTEIN


These things are so fucking boring! I don’t see why I had to be here! I pick at a piece of beetroot, and look at the menu again. Another three courses! I jump as something is around my ankles. 


“Sorry, Equerry Sapperstein! It’s Cute…”


“What is, and who are you?!” I demand of the young man...a very fine looking young man!


“Cute is the ferret, and I am Hunter.” He smiles. I take his outstretched hand, which is so delicate. “It is a pleasure to meet you.” A squeak gets his attention. “Sorry, need to get him before he...aww nuts!” He cries. “Before he does that! Excuse me!”


As I watch him dash away, all I can think is nuts indeed!


Alderman Caroline’s tap on my shoulder has me coughing the beet back up. It is swiftly cleared away. ”Didn’t mean to startle you. Are you okay?” 


“Oh...yes, thank you. Just thinking about the deliciousness of the food!” I return.


“It is a very good spread. Such a talented boy. Although I can get some, but not sure that would be good for your system.” She takes a seat.


“Excuse me? What do you mean?


“Nuts. You were thinking about them.”


“Oh, I see.” I am thankful that’s all I thought!


“Such a talented young man. Under Emmett’s tutelage, he’s doing an excellent job of running the household.” 


“Got you!” Is suddenly hollered. Everyone turns to Hunter popping out from behind the head table holding some form of creature. “Ah, Master Lieutenants! Finally got him. Cuter is with Lindsay!”


“Thanks, Hunter.” Master Lieutenant Kinney calls back. 


“Why are whatever they are here?” I query, changing my focus.


“Ferrets, and they are part of the training programme for Master Michael, and Master Christopher. Not sure whether Concomitant David will be taking part in the physical training, but everything else he wants to learn.”


“I see. You said that Hun...Hunter, was it, runs this household? How old…”


“Yes he does.” She smiles, but as ever when she smiles at me, I feel really uncomfortable. I struggle to find something to say. “Ah, the next course is being served. We can eat together, won’t that be nice?”


ALDERMAN CAROLINE


If he thinks that I didn’t catch that look, he is sorely mistaken! I have always said that he should not be in our service, but I was away and when I came back, despite my very vocal misgivings, he’s been with us ever since! 


“So what is the training schedule for tomorrow?” Sapperstein asks between mouthfuls. He eats like a deranged warthog! “I am curious to see what it entails.” 


“Not sure...but the orbeez training organised by JR was very amusing. Michael got himself and his mother in a pickle with muncher cars, and…”


“Muscle.” I turn to a chuckling Mel, who joins us. “Muncher means something completely different!” 


“Indeed.” Sapperstein looks repulsed.


“So you can eat…” I begin.


“Ah, Caroline, my dear! Bernardus wants to speak to you.” Virgnia’s grip is strong as she hauls me out of the seat. “And take your plate.” She commands, muttering soothing thoughts as I head towards him


“Lower your hackles.” Bernardus orders as I sit down. “It won’t help us get him if you alert him to our suspicions...I know there is no need to shout!” His eye twitches. “Apology accepted, but he’s not acting on those feelings...” 


“He’s been looking at Hunter.” I mutter. 


“Are you sure?” He demands. “I could not pick up anything.” I centre myself. As much as I love Bernardus, he is an optimist, a romantic, and sees the best side of everyone! “I do not!”


“Yes you do.” I sigh. “He asked about the training.” His eyebrows go up. “Well, if he wants to know so badly, I know exactly who to speak to. Excuse me.”


I head back to join Mel. Whilst Sapperstein has gone, she has been joined by Jared and Ben. I have always championed the pair of them. Now that the lines have been put in their proper places, they have a very long life ahead with each other...as long as Jared isn’t in jail! And the reason is heading this way, walking as if he hasn’t quite wiped. Thank goodness we excrete our food differently!


“Mel, Jacob, and Ben, how are you enjoying the evening so far?” Michael slimes.


“Be…” Jared begins.


“Jacob, I haven't heard much about you. Tell me about yourself?” He starts to sit opposite Jared, but it is whipped away. This means he hits his face on the edge of the table before landing on the floor. “Ouch, fucking hell!” He shouts, before quickly standing up. He turns to the seat stealer, tapping him hard on the shoulder. “That is mine! I am Master of this House, get up...now!”


“You are not, and I will not.” The person retorts without turning around. Everyone goes quiet.


“Who the fuck do you think you are?!” Michael blazes.


The sigh reverberates around the room. “If you learned your history like everyone else who is showing deference, you…”


“Deference?! Why should I show deference to some shitbag who comes to my coven, eats my food, and behaves like some hoodlum?!”


“Because…” The hoodlum stands and turns. “...I am Elder Statesman Maurice, who alongside Angelina, has governed the Highest Counsel for over 600 years! Now, whilst you can, return to your quarters! Before you retire for the evening, prepare your fulsome apology to be received by me dead on 0800 or else!”


“I am…” Michael stammers.


“OUT!” Maurice’s bellows, and he speeds up Michael’s exit!


JR


I was on my way to Lindsay when that all kicked off.


“Please, everyone return to the merriment!” Elder Statesman Maurice orders. The music and chatter starts up immediately. As I pass his table, something catches my eye. I duck down and pick it up. “Are you alright, JR?” I’m frozen in shock! He is talking to me, and he knows my name! He is talking to me and knows my name! “Calm yourself, halfling.”  His smile is kind.


“Iwsant lduygihyt…” I trail off, embarrassed by my babbling.


“Let me try this another way…” For a few seconds he just looks at me. “...ah, I see Lindsay is over in the corner to the left of the top table.” 


“Thank you.” I gaze at him in wonderment, Yes, being read by the Master Lieutenant is cool, but he’s...wow!!! I bob my head and scurry towards Lindsay, who is cuddling Cuter.


“Hey, J...what’s wrong?” She frowns. “Do you want to go outside?” I nod. It takes us less than five minutes to get into the cool of the night. “Now tell me.”


“That man. I don’t like him, he makes me shudder!” I whisper. 


“What man?”


“The Equerry. I get the same feeling I got when I first met the pair of you.”


“We weren’t…” She begins.


“No, you don’t understand. I got that from him, and him alone!” I assert. “You, you were just spoilt and lazy, but he, he just...what was that?!”


LINDSAY


I turn to the noise. It is coming from the bushes. “Who is there?! Come out!” The bushes rustle, I can hear muttering, but not what is being said, then feel a rush of wind. “Out I say!” I take JR’s hand pulling her behind me. “When I tell you to, run as fast as you can back inside. Do you understand?!” I whisper.


“Not leaving you!” She whispers back, holding my hand tighter.


“Hello, Lindsay, JR...what are you doing out here?” Master Lieutenant Taylor strides down the path. “Is everything okay?”


We both whirl around in surprise. “I...uh...we thought there was someone watching us.” My heart is racing and JR is trembling. 


“Why would they be watching you?” He frowns, then I notice JR’s expression. She, for the first time since I have known her, looks scared. “JR? Okay, let’s go to the gazebo. It’s just behind us.” His tone is gentle, and, slowly, her fear recedes.


GAZEBO - FIVE MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


“So.” I prompt, whilst feeling so guilty for putting the fear in JR. Brian and I wanted to ‘talk’ in private, and got a little carried away! I told him to leave my ears alone! “The watching.”


“Master Lieutenant, JR was saying something else to me...go on.” She nods encouragingly.


“The Equerry and Master Michael...I got the same feeling off of them, not nice, really not nice.”


“May I enter?” Brian calls from the door. I beckon him in. “What do you mean not nice, JR?”


“He really doesn’t like Emmett, and he’s one of the nicest persons ever! I don’t want him to accede, please don’t let him! Can you speak to the Aldermen about these kings that he mentioned?!”


“JR, I need you to be calm, please be calm. Good girl.” Lindsay cajoles whilst stroking her hair. “Now, who mentioned what kings?”


“The Equerry. I was in here when he said it, I was looking for Cuter. He told the guy he was on the phone with to come tomorrow and just do as he’s told. Oh, and he said something about lines, a spoiled brat, and the guy on the phone being his father!”


“Did he mention a name?” Lindsay queries.


“Not here, no, but on the way he did. He was really annoyed that he called him whilst he was here. He said Dixon.”


Brian hunkers down. “JR, thank you for telling us this. Now come with me. Lindsay and Justin need to talk. I promise he will bring her straight to you once they are finished.”


“Only if Lindsay is okay with it.” She asserts. When Lindsay nods, she takes Brian’s hand, and he gives me a quick wink.


“Do you know much of Sapperstein?” She asks.


“Not really. There have been many things said about his time before he came into service. He was in England for a while…” She scowls. “...so how does it feel?” 


“I don’t know how to feel. No, that’s not true. I would feel something, but push it back; selfishness I guess. An empath, me, oh the irony!” 


“Do you know anything about your birth parents?” 


“I was given up immediately. My mother didn’t realise that my father was a vampire. It seems he would file his teeth down to look human.” My eyebrows bounce up and down. “I had a letter to read when I was old enough.” 


“Do you know their names?”


“Lois. She never gave me his name. I must admit, I am glad that I don’t know him.” This surprises me. “As I grew up, I really resented the fact that I wasn’t a full half, so when I got the opportunity and my looks began to fade...oh, I was very vain when I was younger...I begged Queen Jennifer to turn the rest of me on my 21st birthday as a present. Eh, voila, here I am!”


LINDSAY


I don’t know why I told him that, but it just felt right to do. “I also must apologise for my behaviour towards you and Master Lieutenant Kinney before.”


“Accepted. So how does it feel? Being a big sister to…”


“JR and Gus? It is so nice that they want me to be that to them…”


“Not just them. My...my mother was also called Lois. She had a second child, after you...”


“You...you're my ...what kind of brother?!” I gasp, as I had felt this pull, but, as usual, pushed it back.


“Seemingly half. Someone has been interfering with the lines; it has only been discovered.”


“Why? Why would someone do that?!” I demand. 


“We’re trying to find that out. In the meantime, let’s go rejoin JR before she comes and gets you.” Justin chuckles then frowns. “Why are you looking at me like that?”


I giggle. “Nothing bad. Just that...whoever it is, they like you. They like you a lot!”


GREAT HALL - FIVE MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


“See? They’re back, and don’t look upset.” I reassure a staring-at-the-door JR.


“She’s a lot nicer than she thinks, and...darn it!” She cries, before ducking under the table.


“What’s happened?” I ask, as she seems to be feeling for something.


“I dropped it! I hope nobody steps on it!” She continues to search.


“JR, what have you dropped?” I demand.


“A fang, well half of one. Found it by Elder Statesman Maurice…”


“What are you two doing?” Justin asks, as he and Lindsay join us.


“I found half a fang, which I have now lost; I was just checking it was still in there, and I must have...aha!” We retake our seats, then JR places the half-fang on the table and peers at it. We all do. “It’s a perfect half. I might get it put on a chain.”

 

Justin and I exchange looks, both knowing that one of the symptoms of Herma is that your fangs start to become very brittle.

End Notes:

Please, if reviewing, be kind and constructive. Thx

father Throws Down the Gauntlet...Ex-Son Throws the Axe by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 22 - FATHER THROWS DOWN A GAUNTLET...EX-SON THROWS THE AXE


GREAT HALL - NEXT MORNING


ELDER STATESMAN MAURICE


Last night was excellent fun, but whilst Lord Victor looks very relaxed, Lady Deborah looks all of her years. She wasn’t present when I put him firmly in his place, but after she was informed of his behaviour she immediately went to see him. 


It is 0759, and I am beginning to get a little pinched. 


“Master Michael is here.” Emmett announces. The smile on his face is so malicious; Lady Deborah’s thoughts on him even more so! 


“Thank you, Emmett, now please, take your seat. I will grant him entry.” He quickly joins Lord Victor. The hall quietens till the only sound is the clock. “I'm waiting for my apology!” I bellow.


“Good morning, Elder…” Michael stops talking and walking as he takes in the fullness of the hall. “...oh. I thought it would be just the two of us.”


“Why? You called me a shitbag and said I was behaving like a hoodlum in front of everyone, so naturally, I feel you should apologise to me and them. I would afford you the same courtesy if I was stupid enough to behave like that. You may begin.”


“I’m sorry that I snapped at you yesterday. I feel embarrassed and ashamed by the way I acted. It will never happen again.”


“Why did you feel that you could talk to anyone, let alone me, with such arrogance?” I ask.


“I don’t understand the question.” He replies, but I feel the clench of his fist.


“Never mind. The apology, as generic as it was, is accepted by me, what say the rest of you? Who speaks for the coven?” The stunned silence stretches on. “I am serious, he must be forgiven by one and all, so who accepts?”


“I…”


“Lady Deborah, please, you will always accept your son. It has to be someone else.”


“Of course, Elder Statesman.” She demurs. Like her son, I feel her annoyance at the silence.


“I will accept.” David stands. “On behalf of the coven, I accept.” 


“Thank you.” I nod. “Now, if you could take your seat, the Master Lieutenants will take us through the rest of the day's activities.”


JUSTIN


Brian and I decided to keep fang-gate quiet until we are in Lithgow or Ireland. We are still having a heated discussion about where that should be. He wants Lithgow because of the ortaniques, and, to be honest, I can see his point; but I want Ireland, just in case we need to come back quickly. He said after training we can toss for it. I suspect he doesn’t mean with coins, well I hope not! He is the best...


“Master Lieutenant Taylor, the floor is yours.” Elder Statesman Maurice prompts.


“Yes, thank you.” I feel the excitement in the air. I look at Brian, he smirks again; we need to talk some more about this Warlock thing! “Today we will be training Michael, Christopher, and David on the art…”


“David? Why is he joining the training?” Lady Deborah sounds confused as opposed to snarky.


“As the person who would rule by his side, why would he not?” I ask.


“Can we please save all questions until after he has finished?” Elder Statesman Angelina demands.


“Of course.” 


“Thank you, Lady Deborah. As I was saying, all three will be trained on the art of axe throwing. Yes, this is unusual in that it is old fashioned, much like the bolass, but that is the advantage to it. Nobody presently outside this coven will see it coming should it need to be pressed into action.” This causes surprise to most, but not all attendees. “Any questions before we begin?”


“Yes.” Equerry Sapperstein stands. “What do you mean that nobody presently outside this coven will see it coming?”


“Exactly that.” I reply smoothly. “The training starts in an hour, so…” I am interrupted by Hunter standing up. “...is there something wrong?”


“There is someone outside…” He waves his iPad at me. “...should I let them in?” 


“Excuse me, Hunter…” Lady Deborah stands. “...whilst I appreciate the deference you are showing them, this is our coven, and it is us that say who can and cannot enter.”


“My apologies, Lady Deobrah…” Hunter swivels his head slightly. “...Lord Victor,  may I let them in?”


“Yes, you may.” Lord Victor smiles. 


LADY DEBORAH


People are smirking, much like they were last night! Michael and I exchange looks as we wait for whoever to come in. When the door opens, Hunter is first. He looks unimpressed.


“Elder Statesmen, Aldermen, Lord and Lady Deborah, esteemed guests, this is James Dixon. He wishes to converse with Lord Victor and Lady Deborah.” 


“Thank you, Hunter.” I snipe, still smarting from his deference to Vic. “What business do we have, Mr Dixon?”


“It has recently come to my attention that I am the birth father of Master Michael.” 


“I beg your pardon?!” Michael gasps, looking from me to him. “How is this possible?! I mean, I know how, but how are you here?!”


“I am here to get to know…” James pauses. “...I am sorry, but don’t I know you?”


“To whom are you speaking?” Vic asks.


“That guy there. I do know you, don’t I?” James asks, pointing at Master Lieutenant Taylor.


“Yes, I was your son until my Mother left and took me with her.” James blinks a couple of times. “So, are you going to answer his question?”


“Your son? Does that make us brothers?!” Michael gapes. “I thought that there was a…”


“No! Like you, I was adopted. Besides, I am a Pureblood. You and he are both halflings, and…”


“I am a grown up, and so is he!” James snaps. “We are older than you, you will treat us with respect!”


“Excuse me, Mr Dixon.” Vic approaches him. “I am older than you. Besides, Michael has never treated me with respect. Having met you, I can somewhat see where he gets his attitude from. What proof do you have of your lineage? Anybody can come and say that they are whatever.”


“I can assure that my line to Michael is true. And…”


“Lord Victor, it is.” Elder Statesman Angelina states, which silences the hall and causes James and Michael to smile. “The lines are proven. Now the question is, how did you find this out?”


“A member of his birth mother’s family approached me. Sadly, it was a deathbed revelation.”


“What was her name?” I ask.


BRIAN


I regard this miscreant who made Justin’s life miserable. “When? And how did you find your way here?”


“Who are...oh! Master Lieutenant Kinney!” He strides towards me, hand outstretched. “It is truly an honour to meet you! I have such respect for you, the skillset is incredible!” I take his hand and enjoy his wince as I squeeze. “I never in a million years thought that my training would in some way enable Justin to be your Master at Arms.”


“It didn’t. He achieved what he achieved by himself. She is my Master at Arms, Melanie Marcus.” Mel waves from where she is sitting. “And this strapping fellow is Benjamin Bruckner. He is Master of Arms for Master Lieutenant Taylor. In other words, he is my equal, so, if you are treating me with such respect, you will do the same for him, unless, of course, you wish to disrespect us both, which won’t impact our decision making at all.”


DIXON


I feel Sapperstein’s glower. “I apologise, Justin, for…”


“Master Lieutenant Taylor.” He interrupts. “And whilst I thank Master Lieutenant Kinney for his defence, I do not want your apology. I long stopped wanting things from you.” He walks past me. “In light of these new developments, perhaps Michael and his Daddy could be allowed to get to know each other? We can reschedule the training for tomorrow.”


“That’s an excellent idea!” Michael declares. “Come…”


“I said we could, not that we would. We will simply have it later in the afternoon instead.” Justin states. “Be ready for four pm, not a minute later.” He turns back the Elder and Aldermen, they nod, then he leaves without looking back. He is swiftly followed by Master Lieutenant Kinney and their Masters at Arms.


Now that is galling! I had heard of the Master Lieutenants, obviously, but never thought he would ever amount to one! 


“Dad. Can I call you Dad?” Michael, being right in my face, startles me. “Well, can I?! I have never had one before!”


“Don’t be ridiculous, Michael, of course you’ve had a father, you’ve just not known who he is!”


I turn to the owner of the exasperated tone. “And you are?” I sneer.


“David. And I notice you didn’t answer the questions.” He retorts. “Why have you suddenly decided to turn up now? Surely she must have told you of the pregnancy?”


“Why would she have told him? Why are you speaking to my father, your future father-in-law, for now, like that?!” Michael gets between us. “Apologise immediately to both of us; because of your rudeness to Dad and how long you took to accept my apology!”


“I am glad you noticed that, Michael!” Lady Deborah growls. “By humiliating my son, you have tainted his authority and leadership of…”


“LADY DEBORAH!” Alderman Virginia shouts. “HE HAS NO AUTHORITY, AND WILL HAVE NO LEADERSHIP UNTIL HE HAS PASSED ALL TESTS!”


“I understand that, Alderman…”


“No, you clearly don’t!” Lord Victor snarls. “Before you incur further wrath, take them to your quarters and have a jolly family time in there!”


“Come on, Michael, James, let’s…”


“Not before I get our apologies from David!” I assert. 


“Nope. Like your Uncle said, you are your father’s son!” David snaps before walking out.


“Are you sure you want to have him as your consort?!” I fume. “He is so rude and disrespectful!”


“Only to me though. He seems to be all sunshine and flowers with Christopher!” Michael grumbles as he leads us out.


ALDERMAN VIRGINIA


“Sapperstein.” I call over my shoulder. “You can return to our Chambers.” He looks surprised. “I know that you have been worried about the build up of your duties whilst you have been here.”


“I...yes, whilst that is true, but…” He babbles before Maurice beats Angelina in blooming him away, still babbling. “Now everyone else, please return to your duties!” I wait for the hall to clear. “Maurice, if you could…”


“The hall is still sealed.” He interjects with a smile. “What’s going on?” 


I get comfortable. “JR happened. As Lindsay was taking her up to bed last night, she asked to stay with her, as in at her coven.” Eyebrows go up. “And she wanted Gus and Hunter to go with them.”


“Ah...I had wondered why they weren’t here, but how was Hunter…”


“He ran back. It’s not too far.” I chuckle briefly. “She feels creeped out by Sapperstein, said she felt the same way about Michael.” 


“Hmm, an interesting revelation.” Angelina sighs, then smiles. “But I am more interested in what Justin said…”


“You noticed that too?” I chortle. 


“We all did, but the denser amongst us haven’t taken it on board.” Angelina smirks. “I wonder how he is going to reward him for his ingenuity.”


MERCURY TOWER - SAME TIME


BRIAN’S ROOM


JUSTIN


“What?” Brian bats his eyes.


“Please take a seat. Comfy?” When he nods, I straddle him before placing kisses down his neck. “So, you War-flexed with a vortex after the hall was sealed?”


“Uh huh.” He replies, before cupping my butt. “No matter how hard they try, they will be unable to tell Dixon what happened over the last few days. Nobody can…”


“So any ideas as to why he bloomed him?” I squirm at his palming. “And where to, is he back in Iceland?”


“Nope, Wales. So that makes Ireland the most sensible choice.”


“Hmm. Shame; I was looking forward to the toss off.”


“Oh, that is still going to happen!” He growls, before flipping me on my back, then sliding down my body.

 

End Notes:

Please be constructive and kind if reviewing. Thx

Challenge Accepted and the Unexpected by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 23 - CHALLENGE ACCEPTED AND THE UNEXPECTED


MICHAEL’S ROOM 


DIXON


“So how long were you with Justin’s mom for?” Michael asks.


“For almost 10 years. The separation wasn’t amicable, we lost touch quickly.” I return, whilst checking his quarters out. They are quite palatial, but something is off. “Where does David stay?”


“He has his own room, down the hall.”


“Your fiance doesn’t share a room with you? Why not?”


“I prefer to sleep on my own.” Michael shrugs. “He doesn’t mind. Besides, our study patterns are different. I find it easier to study at night, he doesn’t like..”


“So, James…” Lady Deborah interrupts. “...what are your plans with regards to my son?”


“Our son.” I correct smoothly. “I want to be involved as much as I can in his tutelage. It is not well known, but I taught Justin some of what he knows, so that could be used to Michael’s advantage, when it comes to weaponry and....”


“Weapons skills I have, it’s the theoretical side that I struggle with…” We all look to the door at the snickering. “...first, what is so funny?” Michael demands. “And secondly, who said you could enter my chambers?”


“Michael.” Lord Victor leans against the wall. “I still rule, so that makes this and everything in it mine. I don’t need permission to enter any room which is not sealed as sacrosanct. This is basic knowledge. As for your braggadocio regarding your skills, take that with a pinch of salt, Mr Dixon. Now, what are we discussing?”


“We?” I frown. “Why is there a ‘we’?” I smile tightly.


“Because I say so.” He returns. “If you have a problem with this, any of you, then do feel free to leave.”


“Leave?!” Michael exclaims. “Are you kicking us out?!”


“Not at all, I’m giving you a choice. I have spoken to George and Drew, they are willing to house you in their coven until you can set up your own.”


“Our own?” I frown. “Why would this be an option?”


“Because if he fails his tests, he will be viewed as a disruptive influence and would have to be stripped of his title, such that it is, then moved to another coven.” Lord Victor adjusts his position. “You have an hour to meet us in the Mercury Tower training room.”


LORD VICTOR


I click my heels before leaving them stunned and silent. As I head to my chambers, I hear his door open. “Vic!” Debs calls out, even though every fibre of my being wants to run, I turn around. “What was that about? How could you embarrass Michael and me like that?!”


“How does stating the facts embarrass you?” I query, then shake my head. “It has been enshrined in law for centuries that if an ascension fails, then the pretenders to the throne and their cohorts or supporters are banished. Whilst they can be relocated to another coven, this is only for three months, then they have to set up on their own, with, of course, their contingent.” 


“How long have you known about this?!” She gasps.


“Again, enshrined in law for centuries. And speaking of knowing, do you know whose and what these are? I mean the half fang is obvious, but this phial, it was found near the gazebo, any clues?”


“No, but I can find out for…”


“No, that won’t be necessary. I can do that.” I smile. “Now excuse me. See you in 55 minutes, I assume you will be joining us?”


“Of course I will.” She snipes. “And Michael will prove you wrong!” 


LORD VICTOR’S CHAMBERS - FIVE MINUTES LATER


EMMETT


“Well, what did she say?!” I demand upon Vic’s entry. “I have taken the liberty of sealing the book so she can’t double check just in case.”


“She bought it. Do you want to try still?” Vic looks kindly at Lindsay. She nods before looking at the half fang.


“It’s not the same side.” She frowns. “Didn’t JR give this to you? I thought that’s what you were talking about?”


“No…” Vic chuckles. “...she was…”


“Why would JR give him a half fang?” I frown.


“Because she found one at the dinner, but come to think of it, it is the opposite side. So what was she talking to you about?”


“The phial. She found it this morning...she was going to show Brian and Justin, but they weren’t available.”


LORD VICTOR


“We’re available now.” Brian opening the door startles us all.  “Please excuse the churlish look from Justin, he’s a little tired.” He smirks over his shoulder. “But we’re here for what you need...though he’s a little depleted...”


“Brian!” Justin admonishes.


“Ooh. Do dish!” Emmett giggles.


“Twice, and...okay, okay!” 


“Thank you!” Justin . “So is there any chance I could have some...” Justin looks at the tray that Emmett brought up. “...ooh, cherries!” He exclaims then grabs a handful. 


“Wait, this is sacrosanct and sealed, how are you two in here?” Lindsay frowns.


“Warlock. Half…” Brian points to himself. “...and almost half.” He leers at Justin, who starts to feed him fruits.


As the clementine juices run down his fingers and Brian cleans them, I begin to feel like a voyeur. “Gentlemen, if we could get back to the matter in hand...”


“Sorry, Lord Victor.” Brian demurs whilst he clearly isn’t. “In answer to…”


“You two!” Lindsay cries out. “Oh my...oh my!” She goes bug eyed and red. “You, you were outside at the dinner, in the bushes…”


“Justin!” Brian growls. Like him previously, Justin doesn’t look sorry. “I said okay, why did you…”


“He didn’t…” Lindsay interjects. “...I felt he liked someone, besides his ‘arrival’ down the path was far too quick!” She then turns to Emmett. “He doesn’t have a chance, and you know that, but how have you managed to keep you and Drew so quiet?”


“How did you know?” Emmett queries.


“Nothing ‘empathetic’, it is how George gets in the way of anyone who approaches Drew when you are around. I won’t tell anyone.” 


“I see. And thank you.” He looks relieved.


“So the fang and the phial?” Justin has perked up. “Give them to her Lord Victor, let’s see what she can tell us.”


LINDSAY


I hold out my hand, trying not to tremble. Taking a deep breath, I close my fingers around them and wait. I had sat down with Hunter and my parents once Gus and JR went to bed. Hunter was telling all about being an empath, and how I should just let the feelings ‘wash over’ me, no matter how bad they are. 


“The fang is very brittle, but does not feel ‘aged’...”


“The half JR showed us felt the same.” Justin reminds me. “Does JR still have it?”


“Yes. Thank goodness I managed to talk her out of doing the chain today.” Giving the fang to Justin, I concentrate on the phial. “It’s a medicine of some kind, it is very old.” I hold it up to the light. “But it has been used recently, whoever this belongs to will need it back.”


“May I see it?” Emmett asks, so I give it to him. He examines it quietly before inhaling sharply. “We need to go and see Ted! And call JR!”


“Who’s Ted?” I ask.


“We’ll explain on the way.” Brian declares. “Lord Victor, you remain here. Tell Mel and Ben, to make something up for the training, you are our observers.”


“Of course, Brian. Now go!”


OFFICE OF DR TED SCHMIDT - AN HOUR LATER


TODD 


“I’m not wrong am I?” I look at Ted, he shakes his head. “So this was in Lord Victor’s coven near the gazebo?”


“That's where JR said she found it, in fact it was under.” Justin confirms. 


“But what is in it?” Lindsay gripes, having asked more than once.


“You’ve heard of Herma of course?” She grimaces, then nods whilst I grab a tabernacle box and put the phial inside. “Well, this is the cure.”


“Then you must give it back! You can’t keep it, this will cause unnecessary suffering!” She explodes, eyes glowing. 


“No, Lindsay you don’t understand.” Ted gets between the pair of us. “This is the cure for the original outbreak, not this new one.” 


LINDSAY


“New one?! And you were aware weren’t you?” I turn to Justin, who after a quick look at Brian nods. “Herma is back here?”


“Not in this area, but it is back.” Brian explains. “This strain only causes severe sickness then short term coma in humans but in Vamps, especially halflings, the coma can last an eternity. The combination of their human and Vamp side gives them a double whammy.”


“So now what?” Emmett sighs.


“We speak to Queen Jennifer.” I declare. “Emmett, is there any chance you could get me back immediately by calling on one of the Aldermen?” 


“Alderman Virginia is here, let me get her!” Todd rushes out. They are back in seconds, she is brought up to speed even quicker. 


“Lindsay, what’s the rush?” She frowns as I put my coat on.


“I need to speak to her about Christopher.” I reply, willing her to quickly bloom me back.


“Not until you tell me why, he is safe, now what is it?”


“He always wanted to be a doctor, was always tinkering with potions and concoctions, before, well before we wiped that away.” I feel such shame. “If we can unlock his mind, somewhere secure, maybe he could shed some light on this, I mean there is no other physician in the coven, so why would there be a cure, especially for that?”

 

End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thx

Christopher and Consequences by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 24 - CHRISTOPHER AND CONSEQUENCES


LIBERTY AVENUE PITTS COVEN - SECONDS LATER


GREAT HALL [WARLOCK SEALED]


KING CRAIG


“What’s happened?” I demand of a stony faced Brandon. With us are Ted, Todd, Lindsay, Jennifer, the Master Lieutenants, their Master at Arms, Aldermen Lorelle and Caroline. “Is this about the locking?”


“Yes.” Lindsay replies. “I’ve known Christopher for years. Both of them in fact. Michael was always crowing about his affect on men, so, naturally, I got determined, but his adoration of Michael was unwavering. And then I overheard Chris saying that even if he wasn’t gay, I was looking old…”


“And that’s when she asked me to turn her into a halfling.” Jennifer interjects nervously; the Aldermen are yet to give her a decision. “I’ve spoiled her, so when she told me that she wanted him for herself.. I locked off any positive loving thoughts, feelings and memories he had about him. But not before I told Debs about it. She was in full agreement, as she found his obsession with Michael creepy and...” Suddenly she sits down, looking horrified. “...maybe, no surely not! She wouldn’t use me like that!”


“Like that for what?” I take her hand. “Darling, what is it?”


“Three months after his return from his round the world jaunt, Michael was very elusive, considering his ego, this was unusual. That’s when the first cases of Herma started to crop up in Pennsylvania.”


“What are you saying?” Brandon frowns.


“He brought it here! And she knew that?” I ask, I feel for her at her friend’s betrayal when she nods. 


“Queen Jennifer, do you think that Christopher made the cure for Michael? And by unlocking him, he may be able to help us find one for this current strain?!” Todd exclaims. 


“Mom, could that work?” Lindsay kneels at her side


“Yes, I’m so sorry, she was my friend, she...what have I done?!” Jennifer cries.


“Unlock him in Ohio.” I declare.


“What’s in Ohio?” Lindsay asks. 


“Our little palace, for when it got too much with you.” I smirk at her astonishment. “You’ve always been a handful. It benefited us not to tell you about it.” 


ALDERMAN LORELLE


They have known each other for centuries; for her to use her like that, it is for want of a better word, ‘heartbreaking’. We’re both here to render her punishment, which would’ve been death, but on hearing this I glance at Caroline, she winks. We can deal with the rest of them later.  


“Queen Jennifer, your reversal of the locking would be appreciated. After which, you get to keep your head, your crown, your purity but half your powers.” 


She looks stunned. “I do?”


“Yes, the fault with regards to Christopher and Michael lies with Lady Deborah. But everything else you did warrants the decrement.” When Craig mouths ‘thank you’ I know we’ve made the right decision. “Now, as for you, Lindsay, go back with Caroline, Todd and Ted.” Todd looks less than thrilled, then I realise why. “Actually, no, you go spend time with Gus and JR. Master at Arms, please prepare the training.” 


“King Craig, could David go to Ohio too?” Bryan smirks. “I’ve heard that he and Christopher are quite the study buddies. Unlocking is a very exhaustive process, which requires tender, loving care afterwards.”


“Excellent idea Brian. Let’s get to blooming Caroline!”


Minutes later, it is just Brian, Justin and I. “Tender loving care, really? You just want them to have sex!” Justin jabs him in the chest.


“You have a problem with that Puck?” He jabs him back.


“Not at all!” He grins; then frowns. “Alderman Lorelle, where are we going?”


“Ah, his powers are improving. You must be reassured.” I smile at Brian. “As for where…”


“Wales?” Brian sighs, I nod. “How long have you suspected? Do you know who he has targeted?”


“Years. Caroline, especially, didn’t want him as an equerry. She is convinced that’s why he left England. Then when he saw Hunter, he…” The room shakes then I’m alone. I would feel sorry for what’s coming Sapperstein’s way, but I don’t! 


CHAMBER OF ALDERMAN ELDERS, WALES - MINUTES LATER


EQUERRY OFFICE


SAPPERSTEIN


Finally the Aldermen are back! It’s been so dull here, just reading papers, but I’ve been amusing myself thinking of all the things I could do whilst at the Le Mont Coven, he has such a pretty mouth!


“Hello, Equerry Sapperstein, how are you doing today?” I’m surprised by his appearance. “I take it the Aldermen are not long behind you?”


“Please, call me Brian.” He smiles.


“Seriously? That would be such an honour!”


“Yes, absolutely.” Brian returns. “What’s happening here? I hope you’ve not been too bored.”


“Not at all. I’ve had so much to...aarrgh!” I yelp as I’m slammed into a wall. “What’s…”


“Please be quiet.” Brian sits opposite me, his eyes are pitch black. I frown, not entirely sure if I am reading the situation correctly. “Yes, that is true, no it won’t hurt, nor will it take long.” His gait is measured as he comes right up to me. “I just want to know what you will do. You would have to be kind and careful, what with it being his first time I suspect.” He strokes my chin, keeping my face in front of his. “I mean Hunter. I could give you tips. I’ve got many experiences with novices.”


“You could?” I’m still wary, but when he presses up against me, I’m sure I’ve got the measure, especially in inches, of the situation. Yes, he’s a little older than my normal bedmates, but the reputation of the guy will have me on my hands and knees in seconds! “So, how do you suggest I go about seducing him?” I whisper wishing to lean in for a kiss when he licks his lips. 


“Gently, gain his trust, he's young, you would be his first.” Brian whispers in my ear. “You’ve got time, right?” I nod. “Good, good. I would suggest a movie, or maybe interact with him on a level that he knows…”


“Those rat things. He seemed enamoured of them, we could start there.” I’m finding it hard to breathe as he is so beautiful. “But in the interim, are there any moves that you could teach me?” 


“Maybe, maybe not. But before that, James Dixon...do you know anything about him?”


“Not much. Well a little, he reached out to me to be a go-between for him and Michael…”


BRIAN


“Why not to the Aldermen?” 


It takes everything not to vomit when I smell him, his fetidness is unbelievably high. His lack of morals aside, there is a darkness that angers me. I’ve not dealt with him much, there’s never been a need, but as I search his soul, now that he’s distracted, I realise why. Slowly I step backwards.


“Brian?” Sapperstein looks delighted. “Will the lessons start now?”


“Absolutely.” I take off my tunic, then my undershirt; he is almost dribbling, I release him from his bondage. “Take off your clothes.” He is naked in seconds, I pin him back to the wall. “You really thought I would ever want to do anything with you?!” 


“What do you mean?” His struggle is futile. “Why are your eyes like that?!” 


“How could you do that to humanity?!” I growl as I advance, my fangs at full Vamp and Warlock length, so that I can rip out his throat. Brandon is not the only one that can administer immediate punishment! 


“Please let me…”


“No! I will show you the same mercy, you were prepared to show! None!” I’m about to bite down when it hits me. The spicy sweet scent of Justin, instantly I’m calm. “You move quick Puck.” My fangs retract; then the smell of his befoulment makes its presence ‘scent’. “Okay, you’re right, that is rank!” 


“I can’t believe what they did.” Justin sighs. “What do we do with him?” We turn to the frozen in fear Sapperstein. 


“Send him to the tundra, that should cool his jets. Until I can deal with him. You under…”


“No wait! I can…”


“Do what?!” Justin snarls whirling around. “I will be there as...” I take my chance; he slowly turns back to me. “...what?”


“You heard me.” I whisper as I take him up to the rafters. 


“Why now?” He wraps his legs around me.


“Because I don’t want to wait anymore, do you?”


“No, I don’t. But we have to deal with that literal shitbag!” He shudders. 


“I will take care of his return.” Elderman Rodney calls down, we have no idea how long he’s been watching, nor do we care. “But go back to Mercury Tower. You need to be nearby, you have my word that you will not be watched or interrupted.”

 

End Notes:

If reveiwing, please be kind and constructive. Thx

Purity...When Two Become Strong and He Finds out It's True by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 25 - PURITY...WHEN TWO BECOME STRONG AND HE FINDS OUT IT’S TRUE


MERCURY TOWER - AN HOUR LATER 


BATHROOM


BRIAN


We quickly strip and get in the shower, hoping to rinse away what we had just witnessed. Justin is holding the loofah, but still looks nauseated. 


“Want to do my back?” I try to bring him back to the matter ‘in my hand’, which I wave at him.


“Amongst other things?” He giggles. “Are we clear of all other thoughts?”


“Yes.” I wind my fingers in his hair then kiss him deeply. “I could do just this to you all day.” I mutter against his lips. “All over.”


“I would let you right now, but…” He gently pushes me away; much to my surprise, then I get it.


“Hmm, you’re so right, we need to prepare the post-coital food. Do you remember what it is?” 


“Dry scrambled egg with hot honey sauce on generously buttered toast. Come on.” He replies. “I’ve prepared ahead.” 


KITCHEN - FIVE MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


I’m mixing the eggs, whilst he leans against the counter just watching. “Is that too much salt do you think? And it’s single, not double cream, correct?”


“No and yes.” He wraps his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder. “That does look very nice. I can’t wait to eat it. And that hot honey, exquisite.”


I turn my head and we kiss. Now, maybe it’s because of the anticipation of what’s to come, but it feels different; more heat, more passion, just more. I wind my arms around his neck and he lifts me onto the counter. 


“When did you make it?” He runs his fang along my neck.


“Soon after you told me. It’s not been the 3 months they recommended, but it should be hot enough. There is one other dish that…”


“Egg curry?” He gasps. “Yeah, that’s a much better idea!”


“Brian!” I protest at the read, but his delighted expression makes me smile. “So we can have this tomorrow…” I point at the scrambled eggs. “...I know it has to be eggs in place of the other protein, so it will take 20 minutes. The rotis are in the freezer and just need heating through, the butter is already layered, and…” I gasp as I feel the slight pinch of his fang on my neck. “What are you doing?”


“Gauging the pressure.” He whispers. “So I don’t go too deep, it has to be the neck. Got it. Now do me.” I turn and reciprocate. The moan it elicits makes my cock jump. “How long does that take to do again?”


“Twenty minutes, and unlike the scrambled, we can leave it to keep warm, whilst we are otherwise engaged.”


“Otherwise engaged, how very polite of you...” He chuckles. “...so let’s get on before we deep dive, which is the best position in order for us to bliss.”


“It is? Why?” I then gasp as he slips his hand inside my robe and caresses my now burgeoning cock.  


“Because we will be facing each other, and that’s all you get to know for now.”


TWENTY MINUTES LATER


BRIAN’S BEDROOM


JUSTIN


We can’t wait. Our robes were discarded at the top of the stairs, and our lips are fused together. He carries me to the bed. I’m surprised when he lies down. 


“You won’t be able to reach my neck if I top, an advantage to being shorter.” His eyes glow as he slowly wraps his legs around my waist. “You know, we don’t have to...?” 


“You want to stop now?!” I gasp and he grins, then points at the condoms. I drop my head on his chest, as in my haste I had completely forgotten them. “But we did the first time, why not now?”


“Because, when you pure bliss, everything is just that...pure.” He chuckles at the dumbstruck expression I know I have. “How did you miss that?” 


“I’ve no idea…” I murmur, then start to stroke his cock. “...so, I can use you for lube?”


He groans then nods. I slide my slick fingers between his cheeks, and start to work him open; beginning with two fingers, then three. “Yes, like that.” He pants, then begins to ride them. He plunges his hands into my hair, and we gaze into each other's eyes. “Now, little Puck, I need you inside me now!”


As I sink into him, my breathing stutters. I can’t speak, only feel, and it feels exquisite. He’s both hot and cold. My hips take on a rhythm of their own, which he matches. 


BRIAN


I can feel it. I can feel it cumming, my fangs start to extend, I turn my head, as I close my lips around his vein, he does the same. He feels like a branding iron. Surely not, we couldn't, could we?! I tighten my legs to get him to plunder me quicker, then it happens: we explode and bite down together. He tastes so good, we take our time sealing the bites whilst the pleasure ripples around our bodies. 


“Look at me.” He orders, and when I do, his eyes have changed colour. “You've got blue eyes!” He gasps.


“Hmm and yours are golden green. They will revert once we’ve eaten. Speaking of which.” I palm his buttocks and he sighs. “Justin, we both need to eat. Come on.”


KITCHEN - FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


We’re feeding each other the egg curry and roti. We’re both still nude, but our eye colour has changed back to normal. “I’ve been thinking…” I lick his fingers clean. I am stopped by two things: the low growl that comes from deep in his throat, and him sweeping the dishes off the table. “Brian?” 


Before I can move, he has me pinned face down and is spreading my legs open. I try to wrest my hands free, but his grip is too strong. “Brian!” I cry out.


“What?” He licks my shoulder. “You wanted to be ravished, to, and I quote, ‘the point I pass out’.” I relax. “I take it I can finish what I just started?”


“Please!” I moan.


I can feel my juices saturating the table as he opens me up, slowly, gently, but firmly. “Oh such a pretty knot. But you are squirming, much, much too much. Methinks I need to pin you in place.”


“Oh fuck!” I yelp as his cock replaces his fingers. “Yes! Yes!” He releases my hands so that I can grip the other side of the table, then spreads my cheeks wider and he bottoms out. As he does that, he bites my shoulder. I howl like a wolf before blacking out.


NEXT MORNING 


BRIAN


He’s still sleeping. I was worried that it would be too much for him, but it was only fair that he got what he missed out on because of Dixon, it’s a ‘right of passage’ every Pure is allowed one. I look forward to levelling the scores in the future. Currently, we’re coiled around each other like snakes whilst Cute and Cuter doze at the foot of the bed. I reach across for the honey cake and waft it near his nose. Immediately, his eyes pop open. They still have a bit of a golden haze, but they are mostly blue. 


“How are you feeling?” I ask as we uncoil and sit up.


“Thoroughly and happily ravished. Thank you.” I have never seen a Vamp blush so prettily. 


“It was my pleasure.” I grin. “Bathroom then cake?”


“Hmm.” He mumbles. 


As we have the ortanique juice and cake in bed, ten minutes later, he starts to grin. “How far gone was I for you to find that out?”


“Very, just before you bit me.” I stroke his thigh under the covers. “You sore though?”


“Nope.” He rests his head on my shoulder. “Hate to be a cockblocker…”


“Yeah, we have to go back. Let’s just get this over with.” I declare.


CHAMBERS OF THE ALDERMEN, WALES - AFTERNOON


GREAT HALL


RODNEY


“Elder…” Sapperstein begins.


“Silence!” I hiss before looking him up and down. “You made two mistakes: One, to contact Dixon and two, to do it at the time you did.” I feel their annoyance as they approach. “Ah, gentlemen, thank you for coming. So the sooner we cut that line of communication off the better.”


“Agreed.” Justin glares at Sapperstein. “What did you tell my ex step-father?”


“Your ex…” He trails off. “...I swear he never said that he knew you! I mean, obviously everyone knows of the pair of you, but he never said anything about your past relationship!”


“This blathering does not answer my question!” Justin snarls. “What did you tell him?!”


“Master Lieutenant, please remain calm…” Brian smirks. “...we don’t need him to answer, it will be a lie anyway, let’s just delve.”


“Delve?” Sapperstein whimpers, then gasps as the door opening brings in Brandon. “What’s he doing here?!”


“That will become clear.” I snap. “So, shall we?”


“Absolutely!” Brandon retorts.


I stare at Sapperstein. He tries to shield his thoughts, but with the four of us invading his wretched mind, he’s got no chance. “You’re truly repulsive! How could you even consider doing that to a child?!”


“What?” Brian demands. “Where is it?!” 


“I wasn’t, Dixon was!” Sapperstein exclaims.


“Liar! Let me end this! We can search his things afterwards!” Brian approaches him, but Brandon grabs his arm. At first, I think he’s going to shake him off, but he steps back. “Be grateful, he will afford you a lot more mercy than I would’ve done!”


“Mercy, what do you mean? Am I to be executed?!” He looks incredulous. 


“In a sense.” Brandon replies coldly, then opens the kit bag he brought with him. 


JUSTIN


Brandon pulls solid silver objects out of the bag; a scimitar, a plate, a set of cutlery, then a cool bag. 


“Have a seat.” He gestures towards the table. Slowly, Sapperstein sits down. I gape as he pulls a raw steak out of the bag and starts to slice it. “Your last supper as a Halfling.” He hands Sapperstein the cutlery, then slides the plate towards him. He shakes his head. “Well, it’s either you feed yourself or they will.” He points at Brian and me. “They adore Hunter, and for you to even think to infect him with Herma, well that’s made them very cross indeed!”


“Even if this is true about that, how long will I have after?” He sneers.


“Depends on how old you were when you were turned in the first place!” Brandon states, which wipes the arrogance of his face. “I would just get this over with, you must finish it all, we’re not total barbarians! Although Brian wanting to just jam it down your throat is what you deserve!” Slowly he picks up the cutlery and begins to eat. 


After he clears the plate, he sits back. His arrogance has returned. “Looks like that...ow!” He cries, whilst clutching his chest. Then his fangs fall out, to be replaced by ordinary teeth. His hair starts to turn grey, and his spine starts to curve. Soon, he reminds me of Smegal in Lord of the Rings, he looks so raddled. 


“You were saying?” Brandon sneers. 


“It’s you!” He rasps, glowering at Brandon. “I’ll tell the world!” He croaks.


“How are you going to do that?” Brian smirks.


I’m about to ask a question, when I turn to Brian. “Ethan. Did he go through this? I knew he was turned back, but not how.”


“No, I promise you, he didn’t suffer during his return.” Brandon smiles then squeezes my arm. 


“So how are you going to do that, Sappy Boy?!” I snarl at Sapperstein.


“You can’t kill a human, it’s against the VAMP code!” He spits. “So when I leave…”


“That’s very true.” I interrupt. “But for an equerry of your status, you seem to have forgotten one important detail.” I turn back to Brian. “I’ve got it right, haven’t I?” He nods. “Now that you are human, the moment you step out of the sanctuary of the chambers, you forget everything.”


“What?”


“But of course with the VAMP code, as you sneeringly put it, we give you options. You can leave and never remember,  or stay and never be able to forget nor tell a single living soul what transpired here. Which is it to be?”


“I shall stay!” He declares.


“Silentium aerternum!” Brandon declares. Where his puckered mouth was is now just a thin line. “I see you, once again, chose poorly. Gary Sapperstein, you are confined to the tundra, both mute and in solitude until your death, but you might have company, shame you can’t warn them.”


TWENTY MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


It’s just the two of us. Rodney and Brandon went with Sapperstein. But something is making my little Puck pensive. “What is it?”


“Jennifer.” He looks so worried.


“She’s having her powers reduced, a totally different process. There is no pain, loss of fangs or aging involved. The only ‘hurt’ that remains will be of what she used to be able to do.”


“Good, I’m glad.” He sighs in relief; when I wrap my arms around him, he relaxes, but there is still something. “Brian, I…”


“Me too.” I smile, tilt his head up and kiss my King.



Hot honey: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/hot-honey

Egg curry and roti: https://www.chefdehome.com/recipes/266/masala-egg-curry

 

End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thx

Another Snake in the Grass by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 26 - ANOTHER SNAKE IN THE GRASS


TAYLOR CASTLE, OHIO - THREE DAYS LATER


GREAT HALL


QUEEN JENNIFER


Christopher is now unlocked, he’s taken Deborah’s behaviour far better than I. I can’t believe she used me like that. Yes, I understand a mother’s love; look at what I did for Lindsay, but this is terrible. She’s...I pause my train of thought...obviously, she wants the absolution for Michael, but...but there’s something else. I hurry to the door and call one of the pages.


“Please ask one of the Aldermen to…”


“Am right here, Queen Jennifer!” Alderman Lorelle calls out. “What’s wrong?”


“I’ve never liked him. There is something insidious about the man.” I declare. 


“Who?” She frowns.


“Kip Thomas, the secondary page. Deborah prefers him to Hunter and Emmett, obsequious pipsqueak!” 


“Let’s allay those fears, or stop with the delaying tactics, shall we?” I wince, but understand her doubt.


As the vision of the Le Mont Coven kitchen appears in front of us, there are three people in there. Deborah is checking the cupboards whilst ordering a ready to pop Emmett what to buy, but then she says something about a tincture powder…


LE MONT COVEN, KITCHEN


DEBS


“Kip, where do you get this from? You’re required to be in the household all day today, so name of establishment?” Emmett asks.


“I will go to town on my break, Emmett, there’s no need to trouble yourself with such a menial task.” Kip replies with a smile, but Emmett glares back.


“Which means that it is close. What time is your break? I will join you…” 


“Emmett, why the sudden interest?” I ask. “You’ve never questioned this before.”


“Lord Victor has been complaining about being more tired these days. If Kip is not around, I need to know where to get this from.”


“I’ll simply get extra now that I’m aware of that.” Kip declares.


“Okay, let me put this another way: give me the box right now, or find another coven!”


“Emmett! Once again you overstep yourself.” I fume.


“Then perhaps you will show it to me?” Master Lieutenant Kinney steps into the room. 


“Master Lieutenant! I didn’t expect your…” Emmett gasps.


“Leave us, Lady Deborah!” Brian orders, and she hurries out.


BRIAN


“The box now….Kip.” I order. 


“It wasn’t my idea!” Kip babbles, whilst reaching inside his pocket. He stops when the edge of Brian’s sword rests on the side of his shoulder. “Uh, Master…”


“Just a flick of the wrist is all it would take.” I hiss. “Let Emmett take it out.”


“It’s this pocket.” Kip points. After Emmett takes out the contents his eyes widen. 


“Oh no, the children!” He cries. “The last person they were seen with was you, where are they?!”


“Emmett, trust us, they will be fine. Smart girl, that one.” Justin steps in. “JR has really connected with Lindsay and managed to tell her that the broth wasn’t right, she called to tell us. Right now they are in Liberty Pitts, recovering from him trying to induce a coma with beef powder!” He pulls out his sword and rests it on the opposite side to mine. 


“No, please, it was Sapperstein!” 


“To what end?!” Emmett flicks out his nails “Don’t make me ask again!”


“To weaken Lord Victor…”


“How did you get to the children?!” Emmett grabs his throat, we lower our swords. “How?!”


“The little girl asked what I was making, said it smelt funny, then the brother and Hunter came in. She’s well known for her numerous questions…” Kip makes the mistake of sneering. “...I didn’t give them much. By the time they would’ve come around, nothing could’ve been done to change things.” 


“Anybody else he planted?!” Justin demands; Kip shakes as head as best he can. “Take him to the Great Hall, summon everyone, see if he’s telling the truth!”


Emmett propels Kip out of the door. 


TEN MINUTES LATER


MEL


All I keep thinking is how deep was this man’s reach, and how long had they been plotting this?! Ben and I are waiting for Brian and Justin to arrive. Emmett has a death grip on Kip’s throat. To say he adores Lord Victor is like saying that Brian and Justin like each other!


There is a low hum of anxiety. Everyone had noticed how much frailer Lord Victor had gotten in the last month or so, although he seemed to rally when the Elder and Aldermen were here, and now we may know why!


“Emmett, it would be far easier to question him if he was still alive.” Ben gently loosens his grip. 


The room is silenced as Lord Victor comes in - Ted and Todd have been making sure that all the toxins in his system have been removed. He loosens Emmett’s grip further as he passes, the only sounds are his steps towards the throne and Kip taking in some air.


“Well, you do find yourself in a bit of a pickle don’t you, halfling Thomas?” Lord Victor asks as he sits. “The Master Lieutenants will join us shortly, as will Lady Deborah and Michael.”


Right on cue, the door opens again and Lady Deborah and Michael quickly take their seats. 


“How are you feeling, Vic?” She solicits. I scowl at her concern.


“Let’s discuss this later.” He returns when the door opens again, this time it is Brian and Justin. They have their swords drawn, this is not good. “Gentlemen, let us make this swift.”


“Indeed.” Justin’s eyes glow. “Everyone listen! This halfling was the cause of harm to Lord Victor, he says that it was at the behest of the unlamented Equerry Sapperstein. If there are any more of his spies or cohorts in this hall, it would be best if they make themselves known now, because if we have to find you, it will end badly!” Justin scans the crowd. “Last chance!”


Whilst there is muttering and hateful glaring at Thomas; nobody declares themselves. 


“In that case, you may despatch...” Brian begins, but then the door opens.


“What’s going on?” Dixon demands as he strides towards the thrones. He takes the seat that Michael had, seemingly, insisted be placed next to him. “Why wasn’t I told of this meeting?” 


“You are sitting in the wrong place.” Justin snarls before pointing his sword next to Thomas. “You should be here, as well as your son and his Mother!”


“What is this nonsense?!” Lady Deborah snaps. “I’ve long grown tired of your entitled attitude, and…”


“Christopher’s mind has been unlocked.” Brian states; looks are exchanged between her and Michael. “You used him to save the diseased hide of your favoured child!” 


“And if by some fluke, he ascended…” Justin continues. “...you would’ve used the Absolution Ceremony to let him get away with bringing Herma to the covens, then had Christopher banished. Who cured him of Herma in the first place, he’d always wanted to be a doctor but being ‘locked’ made him forget that.” 


For a few seconds there is silence, then there isn’t.


“What?!” Lord Victor roars. “This can’t be true! Debs, tell me, this can’t be true?!” 


“The truth! From her? Unlikely!” Emmett exclaims. “For a start, why would they make that up?!” 


“And in a change in pace, Daddy followed in son’s footsteps, but he created an artificial strain intent on using it on Lord Victor. But then he saw how lazy and inept his son was, so had to speed things up a little. Isn’t that right?” Justin is within a foot of his ex-stepfather, sword pointed straight at his heart. “I asked you a question.”


“Justin, not the way.” Brian calls out, he backs off. “Mel, can you assist Lady Deborah, Ben and Emmett, help the son and father to join this soon to be dispatched halfling.”


When she yanks her arm away, I think that she’s going to put up a fight, but she walks to join Thomas. “I am innocent of this, as is my son. I don’t know what has been told to you, but they are lies!” 


I smirk as Ben easily drags both men to join her. “There would be no absolution for him in any event, not after what he did. Thanks to the smarts of JR, we have a match.” I tell her. She looks confused. “She found a half fang at the dinner, and we matched it to the one found in Ben’s neck…”


“What does Ben and fangs have to do with Michael?” Lord Victor sighs.


“We hooked up, post coital during the sealing of the bite, which he shouldn’t have done, as that was not what I wanted…” Ben grips his dagger tightly. “...his fang broke. That was why I was still bleeding.”


“And then of course there was Ethan!” Justin thunders; the coven shrinks back such is his fury. 


“Who the hell is Ethan?!” Lord Victor demands as he starts to approach, we back away.


“He was my friend, but, like Ben, had to be turned to save his life, after he contracted Herma from your nephew.”


“You utter repugnant, arrogant savage!” Lord Victor slashes Michael across the face, which doesn’t hurt him, but will leave a scar, which would be fine on the body, but on the face of halflings it never quite fades away, especially when given as punishment.


“Be grateful it was him and not me! I would’ve gouged your eyes out!” Emmett snarls. “So, Your Ladyshit, all your scheming was for nothing! There’ll be no rule by proxy for you!”


“Ladyshit?! Emmett, I am still above you and innocent until proven guilty!”


“As am I!” Michael declares.


“Uh, you have been found guilty. They have the other side of the fang, remember? And you know what happens to those who deliberately spread a disease?” I sneer, before turning around to the other protagonists. “Thomas, you have one more chance to save your life, is there anybody here that colluded with you and, again, the unlamented Sapperstein?” I lean into his ear. “You don’t have to say, just point.”


He points to Dixon. “He lies! Yes, I knew Sapperstein, but only because he helped me find Michael, and…”


“You said it was his birth mother on her deathbed that told you about your offspring and where to find him.” Justin snarks. “You were very explicit about that, even managing to eke out tears.”


BRIAN


Dixon swallows hard in the face of Justin's wrath. Whilst part of me hopes he lies, the other part doesn’t. 


“So, thinking very hard about your answer, why?” I ask.


“I will answer to the Elder and Aldermen, not…” He looks disparagingly at Justin. “...to the likes of you!”


“Where is Christopher? He can attest to our innocence in this!” Michael demands.


“He’s being comforted by his true love, David.” Justin smirks. “Being unlocked is a draining process, as all your thoughts are returned to you, you relive some painful memories. But I heard say that he soothed his ‘soul’ long, hard and deep into the night.”


“David? My David? He’s sleeping with my consort?!”


“No, he’s sleeping with his true love, something that you only have for your mother, which is beyond creepy!” 


“Where’s Queen Jennifer?!” Michael exclaims. 


“Why should you be concerned with her location?” I ask, fighting the temptation to read. As much as I want to he has to condemn them to their fate.


“Because only the person who locked up the mind can unlock it. Isn’t that right, Ma?”


“Michael, you fool!” Lady Deborah screams.


“What? That’s what you told me!” He yells.


“Emmett, no! Please, I beg of you!” Lord Victor bellows, getting between Michael and Emmett. “Please return to your place by my side as my friend, not my advisor, my friend.” He sighs in relief as Emmett retreats, then turns to Michael. “As for why you are a fool; by asking that question, you’ve just admitted the guilt of yourself and your Mother.” He shakes his head. “I could never understand why. You abused your position of trust as a friend to Queen Jennifer and as my sister. And in the event of you being found not guilty of this, find another coven. Master Lieutenants take them out of our sight!”


TAYLOR CASTLE, OHIO - TEN MINUTES LATER


GREAT HALL


QUEEN JENNIFER


I say nothing as the vision is cleared. “Queen Jennifer, you need to prepare yourself. Their trials will be in a couple of days, your punishment will follow immediately after theirs is laid down.”

 

“Yes Alderman Lorelle.” I reply and walk towards a smiling Craig thankful that whatever happens we will still be together. 

End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing. Thx

Bad Choices and Guesses by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 27 - BAD CHOICES 


GREAT HALL OF THE ALDERMAN ELDERS, WALES - TWO DAYS LATER


DIXON


I am trying not to show fear, but it is very difficult not to! I had never heard of ‘delving’, and when the truth came out about all four of us, the room went quiet. Now it is just the Aldermen, Elder Statesman Angelina, Maurice and Rodney, Lord Victor, Emmett, and, although I am not sure why, Master George and Master Drew. My only relief is that Justin is not here to witness this!


“Where are the Master Lieutenants?” Michael asks.


“Securing everything for repatriation.” Alderman Caroline answers.


“Repatriation?” Thomas quavers. “What does that mean? All I did was put the powder in his food. I didn’t do half the stuff they did!”


“You don’t expect us to believe that, do you?!” Alderman Lorelle thunders. “Every Vamp, pure or half, knows what effect that has! You are as guilty of their crimes as they are!”


“But…”


“Silence, Thomas! By them, I mean Sapperstein and Dixon, not the other two. Actually, get them out of here!” They leave in silence. “You can come in now!” 


The side door opens and Justin enters, followed by Master Lieutenant Kinney.


“I wouldn’t have missed this for the world!” He states as he approaches us.


“You may proceed, Master Lieutenant. Halfling Thomas is first.” Alderman Caroline orders.


He grabs Thimas firmly by his chin. “Open your eyes, Halfling, take one last look around.” 


“Please. I just…”


“Why do it?” The question is a surprise to both of us. “Delving gives us the what, not the why, so why blindly follow them in this? You might as well tell us.” His grip on his chin tightens, making Thomas wince.


“I wanted to be the head of the household! Sapperstein said I would be, if I helped them.”


“I see. Bring it to me!” A man approaches with a tray. “You’re very lucky, Halfling, being so young. Now eat.” 


“I don’t understand…”


“I said eat, not speak!” Justin spits. “You do not want my assistance!” The room is silent as he does as he’s bid. “Did you enjoy that? Part of your last meal as a Halfling.”


“My last meal?” Thomas questions, then gasps before dropping to the floor, as he writhes around for a while before going still. At first I think he’s dead, but then he slowly sits up, and there is a young boy, no older than 13! “What? No! I don't want to be human! I don’t want to be!” 


“Be grateful for two things: one, you were so young when you matured into a Halfling, or you would suffer a much worse fate!” Justin snaps, causing Thomas to frown. “Nobody is born a Halfling, you are only born or made Pure. Some humans don’t change, some do; again be grateful! Take him away and make sure he finishes it!” He orders.


“What are you going to do with him?!” I demand as the shouting and swearing of Thomas fades away.


“Making sure he never matures into a Halfling again, it is very rare but possible. We’re not taking the chance.” Alderman Caroline states.


“Don’t look so appalled, you conniving fucker!” Emmett snaps. “The things you had him do to Lord Victor! She's been planning for years, not only to get absolution for Michael but to be the one thing she wanted, felt was her right, which was to be Queen! Not Ladyship, but Queen, the first Queen Halfling!” 


“Queen?” Lord Victor echoes. “How?”


“Of course she didn’t tell you.” Alderman Earl sighs. “Rodney, perhaps when you two are alone, you could explain it. The less people that hear, the better!”


“Tell me now, please. I do not want my home sullied with...wait, she didn’t? She surely didn’t suggest that, as she and Michael are not biologically related, that they marry?!”


“Not suggest, no, but the thought did cross her mind.” Alderman Rodney winces. “But then came the other idea, didn’t it Dixon? Once Michael ascended, you and Deborah would marry, he would then abdicate and she would rule. But I can assure you, Dixon, that Thomas is unharmed…”


“...you on the other hand will not be.” I look up into the cold eyes of Justin. 


“Bring it to me!” Master Lieutenant Kinney orders. The smell is appalling! Whatever is on the plate seems to be still moving. “Move, Justin.” 


“Is that what he had?” He asks as he backs away.


“No. This is the heart. Brandon kept it functioning. Now you can eat.”


“I refuse!” I snarl, then start running. I’m surprised to make it to the door but then I’m yanked back to where I was then swiftly turned around. When I’m faced with Brandon, I try to step back, but can’t. In fact, I can’t move at all. “What is...umph!” 


“Chew or take it down whole, either way you are ingesting it!” Brandon states before my mouth is ‘snapped shut’. “Whole it is then.” I try to stop my swallowing, but it hits my stomach in seconds. “Let him go!” 


I try to make myself vomit, but nothing comes up. In fact, nothing is happening to me. I don’t understand, I feel no pain, I don’t look or feel any different.


“Well, that didn’t work, did it?” I assert smugly taking in their incredulous looks.


“It worked perfectly.” Justin replies, before a man hands him a long rectangular object which hides him from my view. He sets it up on it’s stand, then comes to my side. “Do you know what a wraith is?” I try to think, but my mind is foggy. I shake my head to clear it, which he takes that to mean no. “It’s a ghost-like image of someone, especially seen shortly before or after their death. Turn it, please!”


Brandon obeys and it’s a mirror…but I can’t see myself. I can see everything but me! “What have you done?!” I demand.


“Turned you into a wraith, bringing you as close to death as we can without killing you. Now, you have two choices: live as a wraith, although they are more commonly known as a ghost and all that entails. Or ask to die.”


“I would rather live and haunt you for eternity than beg for you to end my life!” 


“Oh, sorry, did you think you could roam freely?” Elder Statesman Maurice snickers. “Oh no, no, of course not! You need to be somewhere secure and safe from causing any more harm.” 


Before I can comprehend his words, I find myself in a vessel that I can’t get out of. “Ghosts are supposed to be able to go through things!” I bellow. Nothing but silence greets me.


TWENTY MINUTES LATER


LORD VICTOR


“Now remember, all, we’ve promised them time alone!” Angelina declares as Brian and Justin leave. “By all, I mean you, Rodney. Leave them be, or I will let them lock your powers off for the entire time we’re there!”


He looks horrified. “You wouldn’t?!”


“We would!” Maurice asserts. “Victor, get him to behave!” 


I take Rodney’s hand. “Want to tell me where they’ve put him?” I ask but he’s plotting, I can tell. “Rodney, leave them alone or I will dump you!” 


“Why is everyone threatening me?!” He pouts.


“Because you are a nosy little bugger. Now tell me where Dixon is!”


“You know that gaudy bauble necklace which Sapperstein wore all the time? Well, we popped him in there, and put that back around Sapperstein's neck. It was Brian’s idea, payback for keeping Justin ‘chained to thinking he was a Halfling’.” I nod in approval. “Now, are you ready?”


“Yes. Let’s just get this over with.” I sigh, but I don’t feel any sorrow for what is about to befall them. They were prepared to incapacitate me to take the Coven. I nod at the guards, and they open the  doors. Deborah and Michael come in first, then Queen Jennifer. 


“Queen Jennifer, please take that seat, you two remain standing.”


“Alderman Lorelle, if I may be able to speak as to my reasoning behind…”


“What, Deborah?!” I growl. “What reason do you have for lying to your best friend like that?! After all, as a Halfling, he was in no immediate danger, and…”


“He had Herma! He’s my son! I couldn’t let him suffer that! What would you have done, Vic?!”


“Well, for a start, I would’ve shared the cure with the rest of the country!” He bellows. “You found the cure, saved it for Michael, then let people suffer for another ten years until they found a cure that finally eradicated it. Ten fucking years!” 


“The queues.” Emmett growls. “For miles and for days they queued to end their suffering!” 


DEBORAH


“I am in charge of your punishment! Well the start of it.” Emmett states. “And Michael, deciding to flirt with Drew to try and make David jealous didn’t anger me one little bit, it angered me a lot!” As he turns to me, I think back to all the things I have said and done to him. “And as for you, your ex-Ladyship but definitely Ladyshit, well good things come to those who wait, and I’ve waited long enough!”


Whilst we’ve been standing there, between us and them is a table. The only sound in the room is the soft thunk of glasses being put down. I recognise the two servants, who fill them, from the coven kitchens; and I feel their hatred.


“The coven wanted to play a part.” Emmett explains. “Now, in one glass is what you want so badly: absolution. But in the other, is what we want: retribution. Bottoms up!”


MICHAEL


We step to the table. Although identical in design, one is copper the other bronze. I think back to the lessons from those insufferable brats and remember something! “Ma, drink out of the copper one! All curative medicines were put into copper bottles, to keep their purity!”


“Are you sure?!” She demands.


“Yes!” I grab the glass and start to drink, she quickly follows. “Tastes a bit bitter, but don’t all medicines?” 


Nobody replies, they just stare at us. “Well?!” Ma demands. “Which one did we drink?!”


“Retribution of course.” Emmett grins. 


“Of course? So, there was no absolution in either glass?!” I snarl.


“Yes, there is!” Alderman Caroline seethes. “We, unlike you, do not lie, especially when it comes to something as serious as this!” 


“Vic!” Ma shrieks as with one sweep of his hand he sends the other glasses flying into the wall. “You saw what he did!” Ma shouts. “He’s taken away our chance of…”


“He saved you from a double world of pain.” Drew retorts. “But Emmett was a little devious, it has to be said.”


“Devious how?” Emmett bats his eyes. “I said it was in the glasses, they made their own choices.”


“What does that mean?” I demand, before turning to a chuckling Queen Jennifer. “Unless, you’ve forgotten, you are next in line on the chopping block, so I would keep your snickering to yourself!”


“If only you would use your brain as much as you do run your mouth!” Emmett snipes. 


“I demand an answer!” I shout. “And what happened to my father?!”


“Both glasses had retribution on your table.” Uncle Vic explains. “But the ones in front of the Aldermen have absolution. As for your father, he made his choice to live his life until he asks someone to end it.”


“And to Thomas, what happened to him?” Ma asks. “Who was that young boy being taken into a room, shouting and cussing?”


“That was him. He is being returned to his homeland.” Alderman Lorelle explains. “And was reverted to the age he was when he matured. There is a family waiting for him, to…”


“Why?!” Ma demands. “He was poisoning my dear brother, why was he given a free pass?!”


“Dear brother! What rot! Besides, he wasn’t given a free pass. He has to start from age 13, plus he will never mature again, but he will always have the memory of being a Halfling.”


“How old was he before you turned him back?” Ma’s voice shakes.


“91. He has a lot of memories, but nobody will believe him.” Alderman Earl retorts. “So we come to you two. We thought and fought long and hard about a suitable punishment. Finally, we have one...”


DEBORAH 


I look beseechingly at Vic, but he turns back to talk to his boyfriend! “Did you even try to save our lives, Vic?!”


“Who said you’re going to die?” He fumes. “And if the tables were turned, would you? I know Michael wouldn’t.”


“So what is going to happen to us then?” Michael demands.


“You’re getting what you wanted, to be made Pure - albeit second generation.”


“Pure?” I repeat. “As in Pureblood?” 


“Yes.” Vic replies. “The transformation has already begun, but it can be stopped if you wish.”


“No!” We both shout.


“How long until we are finished?!” Michael paces excitedly.


“In about 2 minutes.” Emmett replies. “There will be the slight issue of the purge; once that is done, then there is no turning back.”


“We’re going to be Purebloods, why would we want to turn back from that?!” I sneer..


TEN MINUTES LATER


MICHAEL


Well the purge was disgusting, but we’re Purebloods! Ma and I exchange delighted smiles.


“So we’re on the same level as the Master Lieutenants in purity?” I query, before running my tongue over my teeth. “Ma! My fang is back!” 


“And the scar has gone!” She grins.


“The answer to your question, Michael, is not quite. You are going to be Pure in the oldest sense of the description.” Emmett fangs lengthen as he smiles. “And what that means is, those things you two thought were myths and fairytales, are actually true of the first few generations. They did have sensitive eyes, spent hours having to avoid the sun, fire, crosses, and other holy symbols...”


“Big fucking deal. We’re Purebloods!” Ma points out before turning to Queen Jennifer. “I’ve always wanted to do this!” She stares hard at her before frowning. “I know you’re an empty headed blonde, but surely you must be thinking something?!” 


“What a fool I was to ever befriend you.” She replies coolly. “But what’s done is done.” 


ALDERMAN EARL


“Be quiet Deborah, we need to tell you the rest. As befitting a Pureblood, you would need a coven, and this is it.” They fling their arms around each other in delight, and I roll my eyes at their greed and stupidity. “Now that this business is concluded, we must get to the station.” I order, once we leave the table, they quickly take the centre seats.


“Why, what’s happening?” Michael demands. 


“Oh yes!” Emmett chirrups, causing them both to scowl. “Lord Victor, King Craig, and Queen Jennifer are adicating, so the ascension can finally begin.”


Whilst Deborah looks annoyed, Michael is relieved. “Ah, having to rule without responsibility fills you with joy, doesn’t it?” I ask. He answers by resting his feet on the table. “Well, we will leave you to get familiar with your new surroundings.”


MICHAEL


As the door closes behind them, I let out a whoop of joy! “Ours! This is ours! Look at it, it’s fantastic!” 


“Yes. much better than Le Mont!” Ma beams. “Let’s go find the servants, show them how we want things done!”


As we go from room to room, we find no one, but do find the kitchen. “It’s a little basic, but the staff can bring it up to snuff when they come.”


“And what staff would that be?” We turn in surprise to find Uncle Vic. “This is for you and only you. You want it brought up to snuff, do what the second generation Vamps did and do it yourself!” 


“We’re Purebloods, we don’t do manual labour, that’s a Halfling’s job!” I sneer. “In fact, why don’t we call ex-Queen Jennifer to come and do it for us, now that would be befitting for a person of her now lowered status, wouldn’t it, Ma?!”


“She’s an abdicant…and has been absolved of her wrongdoings.”


“What?!” We shriek. “How?!”


“She led the Aldermen to Thomas, thus saving my life and those of the children. You remember them, don’t you?”


“She was most likely in cahoots with him!” I declare. 


“No, she wasn’t.” He snipes. “But I am curious as to how you'd get her to be your serf, with no powers?” 


“We...no powers? What do you mean, no powers?!” I look at Ma, who looks as stunned as I feel.


“Powers are passed down from generation to generation. They are built up, honed, and perfected; and since you ‘skipped’, as is the want of you two, you’re powerless. But don’t worry, here you’re safe. Nobody can harm you, and there are plenty of creatures for you to feed from. Did you know a drop of blood can sustain you for years? As long as you block out the lights and never leave, you’ll live for a very long time! However, there is one way, this can be stopped…”


“How? Please, Vic, tell us how?” Ma pleads.


“You ask the ascendants to reverse the ruling.” 


“Then that's what we will do. Agreed, Michael?” I nod, there is no way I can stay in here all the time with just her. I have wants and needs, and they have to be met! “So, who are they, and when can we meet them?”


“You will find out once they’ve ascended to the crown, which is in four days time. You can meet them when they're back from their honeymoon.” He smiles. “In the meantime, I suggest you start boarding up the windows. I’ll see myself out.”


GREAT HALL - AN HOUR LATER


DEBORAH


Ever since we boarded up the kitchen and this room, we’ve done nothing but pick splinters out of our hands and bitch about our predicament. 


“I wonder what they’re like? The ascendants, notice he didn’t even give us a clue?” 


I stop picking and start thinking. “Of course, I should’ve known. Christopher and David!”


“Those two simpletons!” Michael shouts before slumping back on the seat. “But we can win them around, can't we?”

 

“Yes, Michael, I'm sure we can.” I  smile and resume picking.

End Notes:

If reveiwing, please be kind and constructive. Thanks.

All Hail the Kings! by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 28 - ALL HAIL THE KINGS!


TRAIN TO COPPER CREEHAN, LITHGLOW [BRIAN’S HOME] - TWO DAYS LATER


MEL


“How do you think she’s going to react?” I link arms with Ben.


“She’ll think we are kidding.” He smiles. “But like us, be thrilled...well, once she’s convinced of course!”


“Still can’t believe we got her on without her waking up. When she finds out we’re on…”


“The Brunel!” Is shrieked. “We’re on the Brunel?! The personal train of the Higher Counsel and the Elder and Aldermen, we’re on this?!”


“She’s no longer asleep.” Ben chuckles. 


“JR, at least put some slippers on!” Lindsey's exasperated voice floats down the corridor.


“No, I’m fine, I just want to...” JR calls back.


“Jenny Rebecca, you will see it, but only if you put some warm...” Lindsay orders 


“Lindsay, I’m a Halfling and do not feel that much cold! Putting on some warm things means I have to go back to my room, and I will miss the beginning, and…”


“You will not miss the beginning!” Lindsay takes a breath of patience as JR walks determinedly away from her...backwards. “Please, can you explain, because if she hears it from me she thinks its a ruse to get her back in bed!”  


“Who are you talking to?” JR turns, and on seeing us breaks into a smile then a run. “Mel! Ben! I am so happy to see you!” She yells as she reaches us. 


“And we are happy to see you up and about, but not like that.” Ben chuckles. “Lindsay’s right on both counts, you need to be more warmly dressed, and…”


“...it doesn’t happen until the beginning of the ascent. At best, all you will see is smattering of what look like stars.” I finish for him.


“Oh.” She looks so disappointed. “The rise of the pearlescent moon is so rare, do you know why it's happening?” She looks over her shoulder. “Is it because of those four, because of what they did?”


“Yes, but they have been dealt with.” I reply. “The reason for the rise is also connected to that, and they insisted that you be here. Now, no more questions, all will be revealed at dawn. Go back with Lindsay, and Ben will get you some plasma, alright?”


“Alright. And if I put on socks too, can I have honey cake? Did Ems send any with us?”


“Of course he did!” Ben laughs as he carries her back to Lindsay, who takes her with a smile. 


DREW AND EMMETT’S CARRIAGE


DREW


 

“Babe, come on, it will soon be over. Come on, sit down.” I tug at Emmett’s arm to stop his pacing. “If you don’t sit down, you’re sleeping alone tonight.” Emmett stops. “Will you sit down or not?”


“There’s no need for threats! What a thing to say!”


“Speaking of things to say, I’m giving you what you’ve always wanted: I’m stopping.”


“Stopping, as in stopping...stopping?” Emmett drops onto the sofa.“Are you sure?”


“Absolutely.” I smile, then push him onto his back. “Want to celebrate?”


“Oh yeah!” He grins, then retracts his teeth.


BEN


When I rejoin Mel, we’re both quiet as we head to the kitchen. “You must be so relieved that you are clear. That you both are.”


“Waiting for those results was even worse than the rescoring of our last fight!” I joke, but deep down I was terrified when I heard the timeline of Michael bringing Herma to Pittsburgh. He had it when he bit me, but didn’t know, or so he claimed. Either way, he has faced the consequences of his actions, and now, the Aldermen will announce that all people, whether human, Halflings, or Purebloods are to be vaccinated against Herma. 


Subconsciously, I rub my neck. It is smooth, no more lump, where his half fang had got stuck. “He didn't care, you know?”


“How did you hold off beating him hard when sparring?” Mel pulls me to a stop. “Honestly, just how?”


“Because I would’ve lost out to Jared, and I love him more than I hate Michael.” 


“Lost out to Jared, how?” She frowns.


“He said that Michael had one unnecessary mark on him, I couldn’t top for 5 years…”


“Five…”


“Per mark.” I add. “He’s very good at being my man, he knows my weak spot…”


“Is his hot spot?!” She teases. 


“Well yeah!” I return with a leer.


LOUNGE CARRIAGE - EARLY DUSK


LINDSAY


JR’s trying not to scowl at my smugness. 


“Are you finished being ‘right’?” She grumbles, having fallen asleep after the plasma and only two bites of honey cake.


“Not yet!” I laugh. “But don’t worry, I made sure that Gus and Hunter didn't get it. Check under that suddenly appeared cloche to your left.” 


She lifts the lid and beams at me before wolfing it down. “So you know these empath powers you have, can you teach me?”


“If you’d like, but now you get to know the rest of the reason for the pearlescent moon, the ascendants are on board.” 


There is a sharp rap on the door. “Enter!” Lord Victor commands, and the Master Lieutenants come in. I hug them both. 


“You look so much better.” Brian ruffles JR’s hair. “Sorry we couldn’t come to see you, we had things to attend to.”


“I know. Are you looking after them then?” She asks, eyes shining with excitement. “The ascendants, I mean. That’s why you are here, right?”


“Yes, we’re looking after them.” Justin smiles. “He looks after me…”


“...and I look after him.” Brian adds, then kisses Justin’s temple before sighing. “And she’s fainted again!”

End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thx

When Everyone's Yes Means No...And They Meet by MissMerlot

CHAPTER 29 - WHEN EVERYONE’S YES MEANS NO...AND THEY MEET


LOUNGE CAR - FIVE MINUTES LATER


JR


I open my eyes and look up. Gus hands me a piece of honey cake without a word. “Is it really them?” I whisper, he nods. “I was the page to the future Kings?!” I am in awe, then have a thought. “Did you know before me?!” I demand; he looks guilty. “When did you know, and why didn’t you tell me?!” I pout.


“I was told not to. I really wanted to as well!”


“Who told you not to and when? I will be having words with them!” I toss the blanket off and stand up, ready to go to war.


“He did.” Gus points behind me, but when I whirl around my anger evaporates. “I thought it might be a good idea to obey our future king. Want to ask him why?”


“Before you do that…” Brian gestures for me to sit, I plop down and close my mouth. “...why are you leaving?”


“Leaving?” I frown. “Your Highness!” I add quickly.


“You said ‘I was the page’, do you no longer wish to be? If so, why? I thought we…”


“Oh no, Your Highness, no! I don’t want to leave your service!” I babble before throwing myself to his feet.


“JR!” Lindsay giggles whilst succeeding in getting me upright. “You, of all people, should not be prostrating yourself like that!”


“He’s the King!” I protest as I try to kneel, but she’s stronger than she looks! “We should all be down here, it’s proper form! I read it in the book!”


“Jenny Rebecca, stop it!” Justin orders, grasping my shoulders. “We’re still Btrian and Justin to you, all of you. Understand?” I slowly nod. “If I let go, will you just sit down and be our JR again?” My head bobbles. “Good, now more honey cake then we go and watch, it’s almost time.”


“Time? Oh, the pearlescent moon!” I gasp, but once more I’m stopped from moving.


“Yes it is.” Lindsay grins handing me my cloak. “We’ve got about ten minutes. Ben took advantage of your fainting spell and put on your shoes.” She smirks.


“Benjamin Bruckner! You naughty Vamp!” I tease him.


“Sorry, milady, but it had to be done.” He grins. “Now how high do you want to be when the moon crests?”


“Shoulder height, please!” I beam. “Come on, everyone, let’s go!” I order. 


“And she's back!” Mel chuckles, so I poke out my tongue before being floated, by Lord Victor onto Ben’s shoulders.


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S COVEN - SAME TIME


GREAT HALL


MICHAEL


“Has it started yet?!” Ma calls from the doorway.


“Not yet. I said I would call you when it does, didn’t I?” I reply back, forcing politeness into my tone, when all I want to do is drive a stake through her heart, just for the joy of killing her, not that she would die of course!  To say that four days without sex has sullied my mood is an understatement! 


“Still no response from Vic, seems he’s not answering his phone…” I quickly hide my scowl at her disappointment. “...well, at least not to me. Have you tried him?” She sounds hopeful but looks combative, not sure why. As for her question the answer is no as I don’t particularly want to speak to the dickhead. However, if it achieves our aim of getting out of here, I will make a damn call, but only if I absolutely have to! 


“Ma, he’s most likely helping Christopher and David ascend. Maybe try him afterwards, you know what he’s like when he’s having a head-turn moment. Especially by Emmett. Just think about it, I mean when he sees what’s going to rule and realises the mistake they’re making, both of them are such milksop duds, just because they’ve got the ‘brains’ doesn't mean they have the brawn that we have.”


“Yes, that’s true.” She cheers up a bit, I hope she leaves me alone now. “So what are you doing in here then?” 


“Getting our chairs in place…” I lie, for I was on the laptop setting up a few hook-ups - I had to move quickly to make it look like I was doing what I said. As for the hook-ups, to be on the safe side, I’ve gone outside of Pennsylvania, especially after that kangaroo court, when they didn’t even give us a chance to explain our reasoning behind everything! We wouldn’t have allowed total harm to come to Vic, just had him out of the way long enough for us to ascend through lineage rather than those stupid trials set by Brian and Justin. 


But despite the supposed disadvantages of our punishments, we’re Purebloods, who are soon to be back in the fold. For now that Christopher is unlocked, he will remember his feelings for me, and that will be that. I will let him be with David though, never was a man so boring in bed. He just lay there when I made love to him, and was far too quick when he ‘made love’ to me! “...where do you think it will be played?”


“Play...what do you mean played?” She sighs. I tense up, she’s also been very quick tempered lately. “Don’t you mean manifest? Seriously, you’ve got to learn these things, Michael. Once…”


“I know, Ma, I was just teasing.” I smile but she doesn’t. “It was a joke, Ma, come on.”


“I can never tell these days.” She returns coolly before striding to the table. “Let me help you with this; she looks briefly at the laptop and scowls. “You won’t have time for that for a long while, we can’t leave without their permission. And before you say anything, no nobody is coming here either!” She closes the laptop before putting it in the bag she’s taken to carrying.


“You can have this back later. Take those two thrones and move them to the front of the hearth, back to them, I think it will manifest there.” She points above the balustrade - as she calls it, despite my pleas about the amount of times I’ve hit myself on it, she refuses to let me take it down, to my mind it is a dumb place to put it, but I’m thankful that I heal quickly! “You realise that there’s a chance that Emmett’s still poisoning their minds against us? Christopher and David I mean.”


I give this some thought. “No there isn’t. They weren’t there. They were in a safe place, so…”


“Good point.” She looks around before rushing out. “Wait there won’t be long!” I roll my eyes as true to her word, she’s not. But it’s what she’s back with that rankles, it's the cleaning equipment. “Come on, let’s get this place tidied up!” She orders, pushing the vacuum at me.


“Why, we cleaned up yesterday.” I protest.


“Oh we did, did we?” She growls as I had managed to do the bare minimum. “Get on and do your share. We’ve got to give them the impression that we’re thriving!” She snaps. “I’m not having Emmett being smug!”


“Alright.” I sigh plugging it into the wall whilst thinking how much I can’t wait to begin our walk to freedom. Little does she know that I intend to walk mine alone!


ANTARCTICA - MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


I’m so glad that I don’t feel the cold! And judging by the way she’s burrowing, JR is very glad of her cloak. I nudge Brian and he produces a hat. Ben takes it with a smile, we all suppress our laughter at the speed with which she puts it on. We’re walking up the path to the top of Mount Vinson, this is the best place to see it.


“Is this the Tundra where they are?” Hunter asks, looking across the snowy landscape. We told him in private of the plans Sapperstein had for him. At first, we weren’t going to, but it wasn’t fair for others to know and him not according to Lord Victor. “He’s been stripped of all his powers, so he can’t feel my presence or anything like that can he?”


“No.” Emmett reassures him. “He’s nowhere near this place. He couldn’t sense you anyway.”


“Good.” He retorts, before turning to Lindsay. “I can’t help the way I feel. He didn’t…”


“I know, Hunter, perhaps we can talk about it, just you and I afterwards?” She smiles kindly before turning to me. “And you and I need to talk too, brother.” I, like Hunter, just nod.


“You alright?” Brian pulls me to a halt, which makes the rest of them stop. “Go on ahead, just give us a minute.” 

 

“You heard the man.” Mel orders, getting between us and them, and starts to shepherd them away. 


“No.” I sigh stepping into his embrace. “I never saw them. There’s no pictures, nothing.” I look up at him; he frowns then holds me tighter. “Can we go to their graves afterwards?”


“We were going to.” Brian replies, kissing me gently. “Let’s speak to Angelina and Maurice to see what we can do.”


“Feels weird to call them by their first names.” I admit. “But what can they do?”


“As you know, the sacrifice was behind closed doors but they were present.” My eyes widen, I didn’t know that. “Yeah, they buried them. They’re one of the few who knows where.”


“That’s good, it’s good that they were taken care of afterwards, why was it in private?”


“So that those who were against the treaty couldn’t make the lives of their descendants difficult.”


“Like Dixon?” I query and he nods. “Do you think he knew about them, being my parents I mean?”


“No, like I said one of the few.” He brushes a tear from my cheek.


“Good. And…” I start to chuckle. “JR! We’re not fighting!” I bellow as her gesticulating almost causes Ben to drop her. 


“We’re coming!” Brian shouts.


“Thank you!” Ben grumbles good naturedly as we catch up with him. “It’s like trying to hold onto a jumping bean!”


“Hey! That's my sister you’re being honest about!” Gus laughs before turning back to the mountain. “Which peak?”


“You see the flat bit in the middle?” Drew smiles. “My man has arranged a picnic there.”



“A picnic?” I echo; then turn to my King and future husband. “What have you two concocted?”


“Well, not a picnic as such, just a celebratory snack, as someone may have planted the idea of a certain galette in someone’s head.” Drew answers with a smile. “Apparently, it’s a favourite!”


It takes a few seconds for me to remember what and when I had that idea. “Brian!”


He snickers. “I just said about the food, not about anything else!”


“What else could he have told, Uncle Drew?” JR asks as we start walking again; we all go silent. 


Brian’s grin is smug. “Want to get that one?”


“Isn’t that David waving?!” I point at a figure, who I would’ve flown to meet if Brian hadn’t held firmly onto my coattails. “Ooh, just you wait, Mister!” I grump as the knowing amongst us smirk and titter.


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S COVEN - SAME TIME


DEBS


The mists begin to form. “Michael! Will you hurry up?! We need to be in place before it starts!” I yell, fuming that he’s taking so long to polish his fangs! As he gallumps down the corridor I roll my eyes; he has no concept of deportment unless there’s someone he wants to screw in the vicinity! “Why are you wearing that?”


“What?” He drapes his cloak over the back of the chair; it’s not a throne yet, no matter what he thinks! 


“That shirt. And the...”


“To show them that I’ve forgiven and am thinking of them.” He states as he sits down.


“Explain to me, please.”


“Christopher gave me the shirt, David this token…” He gestures to his neck. “...so…”


“Yes, yes, I get it. Now be quiet. For your sake, let’s hope this works!” I hiss as the mists begin to form.


PLATEAU OF MOUNT VINSON - A MINUTE LATER


CHRISTOPHER


It seems like the world has gone quiet, then it happens. First, there is a wave of stars just spreading across the sky, they’re the brightest I’ve ever seen, 


“Oh wow!” David gasps; I lean back against him, finally feeling happy after all these years. “That truly is beautiful!”


“So are they.” I return, nodding at Brian and Justin; then I frown as something catches my eye. “Oh, you are kidding?!” I chuckle as I see what, or should I say who, they are! 


“As if they could get married without them!” David chortles as Cute and Cuter pop out from the insides of Gus and Hunter’s jackets. “They're not feeling the cold though.” I snort as they immediately retreat back into the warmth. 


“It’s happening, so exciting!” JR squeals as the sky darkens.


Within seconds, we are surrounded by darkness, then it’s like someone has just thrown a ball into the sky.



Then the Elder and Aldermen are in front of Drew, Emmett, Brian, Justin, David and I, chanting, before holding each other's hands and making a circle around us. Lord Victor, King Craig and Queen Jennifer stand in front of us.


“What’s happening?” I hear Gus ask.


“They’re abdicating…” Lindsay explains. “There will be two ceremonies.”


“What?” I frown. “What does that mean?”


“It means…” King Craig continues. “...that the new rulers were chosen many years ago because of their parents' sacrifice, their pureness of mind and heart. I'm not saying they are without sin, but their ‘sins’ were and are to the benefit of Vampire and Humankind, and once they found their true loves, the ascension was set in motion. It just so happens that Pittsburgh was the place; it could’ve been anywhere in the world.”


“I still don’t understand.” I frown.


“It means, my dear Christopher…” Queen Jenniefer continues. “...that you and David, with the assistance of Lord Victor, will rule one coven, and Emmett and Drew will, with the assistance of George, rule the other.”


“What?! But why?! I thought the Kings were going to rule!!” David stammers.


“And we are.” Brian steps forward, holding Justin’s hand. “But we like doing what we do as well. Being Master Lieutenants; training others to follow in our footsteps, is in our blood…”


“...and yes, we are the Kings, absolute rulers, our word is sacrosanct and binding, but we trust you to be our eyes and ears, to call on us when we’re needed.”


“But...but why me and Drew?!” Emmett weeps, then turns to Drew. “Did you know about this?!”


“No, I swear it!” Drew gasps. “When did this all get decided?!”


“On the way here…” Vic smiles. “...as this came closer, the more uncomfortable the situation became for them, so they came up with this solution.” 


“And also, Emmett, because, like Lord Victor, you’ve always had the best interests of the coven at heart. You know everything and have our absolute trust.” Justin continues. “So will you and Drew accept?”


EMMETT


“Before I answer that; you’re still going to get married, right?!” I demand anxiously. 


“Yes, we’re still getting married.” Brian smiles. “In fact…”


“Now?! You’re going to do it now?! But...but...you can’t! What about the...there’s protocol, the ceremony has to be a grand-swellegant affair and...and…”


“Emmett!” Vic, as usual calms me right down. “They’re unconventional to say the least, so will you accept so that they can get married?!”


“Of course I accept!” I cry in delight, throwing my arms around a rather surprised Brian. “Oh, sorry, your highness, I…”


“Forgot to hug me too!” Justin mock pouts before opening his arms; into which I fling myself, blubbering. 


I hug him tightly, then sigh “But you might change your minds after I tell you this…”


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S COVEN - SAME TIME


MICHAEL


“Ma?” I turn to her and she has this odd expression on her face as the mists fade, leaving a stench behind. “Ma? What does this all...”


“Not a word from you!” Ma snarls. “I need to think! I need to think!” I’ve never seen her look at me like that, not even when I told her about Herma. “What this means, Lord Michael…” She clenches her fists. “...is that we’re stuck here! With just each other for company!”


“No, no...we can’t be! We can talk Christopher and David around. We can!”


“It’s not Christopher and David we need to talk around, you simpleton!” She rages and paces. “Didn’t you listen? No, of course you didn’t, you never do! It's you, and only you! You are first, last and always!” When I go to speak, she raises her finger, to silence me. “One minute, I need to check something!” She pulls out her phone and takes a deep breath. “I suspect he will answer quickly.” 


“Who?!” I demand, blocking her path and grabbing her shoulders. I release her quickly when her eyes blaze; but before she can bitch at me her phone beeps. When I try to see her screen, she steps away from me, then slowly starts to smile. “What? What is it?!”


“I can’t believe that it's true and he was behind it!” She starts to laugh. “But to answer your first question, it is Brian and Justin, for they are the true kings, who we need to appeal to and they don’t like us!”


“Them? Those two thugs?!” I gasp.


“Yes those two thugs! But at least I can have some amusement at your expense, recounting your tales of alleged prowess!”


“Ma…” I take her arm, but release her when she claws my hand. “Ouch! Calm down! What are you talking about? Who do I need to fuck to get us out of here, you know how good I am at that! And what’s this about prowess?!


“Let’s start there shall we?” She shoves me back into my throne. “Your prowess. Those numerous guys that you gave ‘the time of their lives’ to, you were set up, well the first guy was. The ones that followed up until you got Herma, couldn’t believe how bad you were and wanted to compare notes. He had no idea you would take their words seriously and cause the havoc you did.”


“Set up? Why and by who?!” I exclaim.


“Emmett. He got sick and tired of you carping about your virginity that he got your cherry plucker to pick you up, and the rest, as they say, is history...bad history!” I can only stare at her. “He’s just told the Elder and Aldermen and he’s been absolved of all blame, so he can rule alongside Drew. Once again, the fault lies solely with you.”


“You’re lying!” I’m so horrified that he’s done this and gotten away with it!


“Why would I lie about that?” She smirks as she sits down. “Don’t you remember the times we would sit around the proverbial water-cooler and talk about him? What did you call him, ah yes, the ‘deflator’. ”


“Ma, please…” I begin, but I know, judging by her expression, that it’s in vain. I begin to shake with impotent fury, the only saving grace is that only I get to hear what’s coming!


“How many men have you pleasured, Michael? I can answer that, it would be one, which would be you! It’s a pity for you that I have such a good memory…get comfortable!”


PLATEAU OF MOUNT VINSON - A MINUTE LATER


JR


“Can I turn back now?!” I grumble; slightly put out that I had to turn my back on the mists and cover my ears. I'm answered by Lindsay taking my hands down. “I  really don’t think that was necessary, I’m over 50 you know?!”


“And still too young to hear that!” Mel laughs. “Now, not that I can’t guess, but which one would you like to hold?”


“Hold what?” I frown.


“The wedding rings…there’s three of you so that’s one each”


“Why do they need three wedding rings?” I look at Ben for an answer.


“They, as in Brian and Justin don’t, but the other two need one each.” He explains.


“Bagsie Brian and Justin!” I glare at Gus and Hunter, daring them to contradict me. “And now that the moon has risen, we’ve got to get back so that we can get the wedding prepar…”


“Do not faint!” Drew orders as I get what’s just been said.


“I’m not going to faint!” I blush and bluster. “So, onto business; who’s whose?”


Mel opens her hand and they are utterly beautiful. “From left to right, Brian and Justin, David and Christopher and Emmett and Drew.”


“Now, get into position in front of your respective grooms...” Elder Statesmen Rodney orders, and although I do wobble, I get in front of my heroes, my kings! “...and repeat after me.” He clears his throat. “I betroth and crown thee in the eyes, hearts and souls of the past, present and future. May you rule with kindness, integrity and respect for all. I pledge on behalf of Halflings and Purebloods that we too will serve you with kindness, integrity and respect.” I’m almost bursting with pride, as are Gus and Hunter as we repeat the words. “You may step back now.” We do so. “My Kings, please turn to each other and seal your coronation and betrothal with a kiss.”


“Rodney!” Lord Victor cries out. “They do not have to do that!”


“Aww you never let me have any fun!” He pouts. 


“I think they should kiss! It would be so roman…” I pause as Brian signals for silence. “...what is it?”


“There’s a couple of guests.” Brian pulls Justin gently to the middle of the plateau. “You need to look up.”


JUSTIN


I do so, but can’t see anything but the moon and clouds. “What am I…”


“Wait.” Brian whispers as he wraps his arms around me; then a silver vortex surrounds us. “It gives me great pleasure to introduce you to your parents.” 


My mouth drops open as two spectral figures float down towards us; they come to a halt about six inches off the ground, the woman smiles. “What did they call you?”


“Ju...Justin. They named me Justin.” I choke out. “Mom? Dad? Really? Truly?” 


“Yes son, really and truly. And I’m glad to meet you and that they christened you that.” Dad smiles. “It was the one name we agreed on, oh the fights we had!” He laughs, it feels like a warming balm on my soul. “Handsome you are. And you sir, who are you?”


“Brian, his husband. It is a great honour.” 


“Thank you.” Mom replies and floats towards us, her arms outstretched. “May I have a hug?”


“We can do that?!” I sob looking at Brian for confirmation, in answer he pushes me forward.


Being taken into their embrace causes me to cry harder as I feel at peace and complete. I search their faces and see I share their looks. I have her eyes and his lips, they’re both blonde and tall. “I can’t think of a thing to say, except I love you and thank you for what you did.”


“We love you too and you’ve picked a beauty!” Dad chortles. “Now go back to him, we will always watch over you two.”


“Wait, just a few more seconds, please?!”


BRIAN


He is tearful as he walks back to me, everyone is quiet. “You okay?”


“You are the most perfect Vamp.” He declares and everyone sighs in relief, I can feel their burning questions, as can he. “I met my parents.”


“You did?! How wonderful!” Emmett declares before sobbing again, but he rallies quickly and wipes his eyes on Drews cloak. “Now, gather them and go on your honeymoon, shoo!”


“You have a honeymoon too remember?” Justin giggles.


“Yes, yes, but one of my first duties as King of Le Mont Coven is to order you to bugger off and get frotting!” 


“Yes my liege!” I snicker scooping Justin up. “We can come back for sustenance right?”


“Oh yeah!” He declares before porting us to the other side of the tundra.


JUSTIN


I land us gently enjoying his gasp of surprise. “When did…” He trails off and takes in the igloo that we’re standing in front of. “...I’ve always wanted one.” He touches the roof before getting inside. “Justin get in here!” 


“Are you su...oof!” I splutter as I land on his chest, his very naked chest. “Well that answers that question! Brian!” I squeal with laughter as he wrestles me out of my clothes, then pins me underneath him. “Thank you, for what you did, but can I do that? Can I summon souls and how can we?”


“Part of being a Warlock.” He nibbles my neck, then drops his head onto my chest. “You have got to be kidding?!” He glares as he gets up and pulls on his trousers. “Ortanique I take it?”


“And the galette! Two scoops of ice cream” I declare with a smile, he just shakes his head, and I start to make the bed in readiness for his return, he’s not long. As well as the food, he’s also brought a carafe of something but just one glass. “What’s that?”


“Blackberry bellini.” He puts the food down then fills the glass. “Let’s sit down.” We do so. “I want you to look, look deep into my eyes.” He starts to drink, my eyes widen as I taste the bellini at the same time. “No, that’s a love thing. Only Warlocks, part or pure it doesn’t matter, that are truly in love can share everything.”


“Is there anything else we can only do as Warlocks?”


“Oh yeah, and we’ve got centuries for me to teach you what they are.”


The End.




Blueberry galette with chocolate peanut ice cream:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/blueberry_galette_with_46523

Blackberry fizz cocktail: https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/drinks/blackberry-fizz-cocktail

 

End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive, thankds

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1477