Another Story of Queer As Folk by loriblair
Summary:

I am writing this story, my first attempt at fanfiction, to avenge my voice for I have used it too many times to shout at my screen every time CowLip managed to screw their own story. In my opinion, for this is what it is, just my opinion, CowLip came up with great characters but failed in their development. I can't deny that their work was avant garde but I always wondered what would have happened if Brian wasn't so afraid of showing emotions. I changed a lot of things because I want to give the basic story a twist of my own and I hope you will like it.

For one of the twists, I got loosely inspired by "Can I come back home to you" and "And now we start on married life" by SammyScaDoo

I don't like Michael and Lindsay. They are the embodiment of parasites and I make it a duty to verbally beat down the Michael and Lindsay in the real world. 

Some parts might remind you of something you have already read. As I can't remember every story I have ever read, and while I hope to limit myself to orginal ideas, apart from my disclosed inspiration, if I inadvertently borrow a storyline from anyone in the fandom, feel free to mentiion in the comments section and I'll make sure to give credit to the original author.


Categories: QAF US Characters: None
Tags: Addiction/Alcoholism, Allergies , Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, Bottom Brian, Business Brian, Canon Divergence, Dirty Talk, Drug Use - Recreational, Family, First Time (Sex), Fluff, Friendship, Homophobia, Jealousy, Language, M/M, Minor Violence, Oral Sex, Out of Character, Phone Sex, Possessive, Raw Sex, Real Life Issues, Responsible Justin, Sex Toys, Voyeurism, Wedding, What if...
Genres: Alternate Canon, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Canon Divergence, Could be Canon, Crime/Detective, Drama, Fix-it, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Debbie/Carl, Emmett/Drew, Melanie/Lindsay, Michael/Ben, Michael/David, Ted/Blake, Vic/Rodney
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 5531 Read: 12369 Published: Oct 15, 2019 Updated: Oct 22, 2019

1. Additional Information by loriblair

2. Chapter 1 by loriblair

3. Chapter 2 by loriblair

4. Chapter 3 by loriblair

5. Chapter 4 by loriblair

6. Chapter 5 by loriblair

7. Chapter 6 by loriblair

Additional Information by loriblair

The overall situation one month before Gus is born


1. Brian is 29 (exactly as old as he is in the series) and is the owner of Kinnetik. He started it with the backing of Leo Brown 2 years before when he landed the account for Ryder. Brown wanted Brian but not Ryder. And so Kinnetik was born.

Cynthia and Ted were with Brian since the 1st day. Ted is CFO and Cynthia is office manager. Kinnetik is doing great. Brian, with Ted's help, is raking up the millions. He's the go to ad man of his side of the Eastcoast and firms from NY and LA are coming to him. Details will come later on.

2. Michael believes he is Brian's best friend and his one day partner and husband. Brian sees him as his adopted brother. The Brian and Mikey show only exists in the Novotny+Lindsay camp. Debbie is more like a mother torn between her two sons, and while she adores the bones of Brian she still thinks she owes Michael something for never telling him about his father. But she won't go as far as putting her life on hold for her son. She's with Carl and that's one thing Michael will have to deal with.

3. Lindsay is pregnant and and is convinced that her baby will give her a special place in Brian's life and complete access to his bank account. What she doesn't know is that Brian provided the sperm after Mel convinced him. Get ready for some nice shit.

4. Emmett is just starting his Party Planning business and is being helped by Brian and Ted.

5. Justin is a 22 year old up and coming artist. He is a little genius, getting rave reviews, has already had a couple solo shows in New York, and sold out, and is happily painting in the Pitts and his agent supports him. He's out to his parents who divorced because his mom supported him when his father threw him out. Jennifer is the realtor who found Kinnetik's building.

6. Melanie is Brian without a penis. She has a very good relationship with Brian to which Lindsay is oblivious. Mel is very much in love with Lindsay but is aware of her partner's duplicity and manipulative behavior.

New characters will be introduced however, and while their existence will affect Brian's life, they will remain supporting roles.

 

 

Chapter 1 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

First chapter is up. I hope you'll like it. 

 

ONE MONTH BEFORE GUS IS BORN

Whoever invented baby showers must have hated Brian Kinney. Let me rephrase this. Whoever invented baby showers must have hated Ted Schmidt.

 

Debbie was throwing Lindsay a baby shower and Brian’s presence was requested. He really didn’t see why he was needed. Seriously why would they need him around while Lindsay opens her gifts and pretends to like them? Why was anyone needed for fucks’s sake. Yeah Lindsay liked an audience and Michael was missing his “best friend” but really couldn’t Debbie use her mom voice to shut them up instead of using it to get him to attend.

Brian parked his jeep a couple of houses down from Deb’s house and hurried towards the house. Now that he was almost there he wanted to get over with the ordeal.

“Move it Theodore”

“I’m coming!”

“That remains to be seen.”

Brian didn’t bother knocking on the door. He just walked in. After all, it was Deb’s house. Why would he knock?

The whole family was gathered in the living room. The latter was ‘Emmet decorated’ hence Lindsay’s pout. Did she really think Emmet and Deb were going to throw a Country Club kind of baby shower? If she wanted her baby shower to be waspish she should have asked Mother Petersen to organize it. Come to think about it, she probably asked her mother for a shower but the ice queen, for all her coldness and hypocrisy, wasn’t stupid. She wasn’t going to give Lindsay an opportunity to rub her pregnancy in Lynette’s face. Why allow Lindsay to screw with Lynette when Deb was already allowing her to screw with Melanie? After all, Melanie had willingly started and stayed in a relationship with Lindsay while Lynette was unlucky enough to be born to the same parents.

“You’re finally here! I can’t believe it!”

Michael threw himself on Brian as if he hadn’t seen him in a year.

“Can you believe it? I mean you guys are throwing the mothers of my son a baby shower and Deb personally called to delicately invite me! Why wouldn’t I come!”

“I mean I miss you so much! I am so happy you’re here tonight!”

“Well, Cynthia and Erin would love to miss you! Maybe you could let them!”

“Huh?!”

Ted and Melanie snickered while Michael was waiting for an explanation. The almost thirty-year-old comics geek wasn’t the sharpest tool in the box. As Brian wasn’t apparently going to explain what he meant to his self-appointed best friend, Ted gladly took over.

“What Brian means is that you should stop calling the office fifty times a day. You’re getting on Cynthia’s last nerve.”

“No he doesn’t. I’m his best friend and I know he misses me. He doesn’t care about that bitch and what she thinks.”

Calling Cynthia a bitch was a big NO in Brian’s book.

“Well Mikey believe it or not I do care about Cynthia. And I don’t miss you. So stop calling me at the office before I block your number.”

Michael gave Brian his patented puppy eyes look. He still believed the poor-kicked-Mikey-dog trick worked on Brian. But Brian wasn’t planning on giving in anytime soon.

“You wouldn’t do it”, Michael challenged.

“Keep calling and we’ll see. Enough about that. Ems?”

Emmet was still styling the dining room table. The tall queen was a perfectionist.

“You bellowed?”

“Why don’t I see any picture of Mel here?”

Well that was a question no one was expecting; not even Emmett and Ted who know how close Melanie and Brian had become over the years.

“This is a baby shower for your kid’s mother Brian. It has nothing to do with Mel!” Michael said taking a huge bite of his foot.

“Last time I checked, Mel didn’t have a penis. I know because I was the one who jerked in a cup. Had Melanie had a penis, she would have fucked Lindsay and got her pregnant the WASP way. Without a penis, Mel can’t be the kid’s dad, which maker her the kid’s mother. Hence, my question: why is this shower all about Lindsay and not about both of my kid’s mothers?”

Lindsay was about to explode. This wasn’t supposed to happen. She was supposed to be the kid’s mother. Well, Mel too was to be the kid’s mom but Brian wasn’t supposed to be this excited about it. Brian shouldn’t think of Mel as more than an unwanted glorified nanny. Brian should be fighting for her right to be the baby’s only mom. She wasn’t sitting there among those low life idiots, allowing Deb of all people to hover over her, and looking as big as whale to have to share her moment with fucking Mel.

Deb looked devastated and started crying.

“Oh my God Mel honey I’m so sorry. Of course you’re my grandbaby’s mom! How could I be so stupid.”

Michael decided it was time to deepthroat his foot.

“C’mon Ma! You don’t have to cry. I’m sure Melanie doesn’t care. It’s not like she really wants to be Brian’s baby mama.”

Before anyone had time to react, Deb had slapped her son on the head and was in his face.

“Shut your fucking mouth Michael. What Mel care about or wants is none of your business. Don’t say it!”

“What?”

“Don’t say that Brian is your business!”

“I wasn’t going to.”

The whole room erupted in laughter. Possessive Michael was predictable.

“But he is my business. I am his best friend and…”

The finger and Deb’s cow eyes were suddenly in his face. Even Michael knew to not brave the finger!

This whole thing was about to end in a bloodbath so Vic decided to steer the conversation away from the baby shower and towards the one thing everybody was excited about.

“So girls, have you decided on a name?”

“Not yet. We want Brian to help us decide.” Lindsay was quick to answer.

I least I tried, Vic thought.

“And we also should decide on a baptism date.”

The baptism was yet another tricky subject. Melanie was Jewish, Brian was neither a believer nor a practitioner, and Lindsay was a bitch.

“Isn’t it too early honey?”

“Not at all Deb. My parents need to know as soon as possible so they can clear the schedules.”

So Lindsay is having a bitch WASP attack, Ted thought.

“And I have to tell my sister too. She’s going to be godmother. Both her and her husband should to make sure they will be able to attend.”

Deb thought that was the first time she heard of a godmother who had to make sure she would be able to attend her godson or goddaughter’s baptism. It’s supposed to take precedence over anything else. But hey, what did she know about the Great Petersen’s and their busy schedules and fancy engagements.

Melanie didn’t want Lynette to be godmother. Not because she didn’t like the woman but because she knew Lindsay had picked her only to remind the poor woman that she couldn’t have kids of her own. But Melanie wasn’t stupid. When Lindsay mentioned she wanted her sister to be godmother, she told her she was happy for both sisters. “Linds I’m so happy for you”, she’d said! “You and your sister will be able to bond over our baby.”

“And who’s going to be godfather?”

“You don’t need to ask uncle Vic! It’s obvious who’s going to be godfather”, Michael boasted.

Brian and Melanie exchanged a look before Brian decided it would be better if he delivers the news.

“When Lindsay decided to ask her sister, Mel and I had a talk and we decided that since Lindsay got to choose the godmother, Mel and I get to choose the godfather. Ted I hope you have a suit worthy of being Baby Kinney’s godfather.”

One thing Ted never planned on was definitely being anyone godfather. But Ted’s shock was nothing compared to Michael’s.

“What the fuck Brian! How dare you?”

“I beg your fucking pardon!”

“I should be your kid’s godfather! I’m your best friend. I deserve it!”

What he actually deserved was the slap Deb promptly delivered on his empty head.

“Well Michael, I’m not famous for explaining myself so I am not going to start now. Ted is going to be my kid’s godfather. He’s one of both my and Mel’s best friends and he’s the one we both picked. Don’t say anything, you’re treading on very thin ice here. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m out of here. I have an early flight to catch. Mel I’ll call you tomorrow. Deb, call me if you, and by you I mean either you or Vic, need anything. Ted, you can stay. I’m sure Emmy will give you gladly give you a gossip ride. Good evening dykes, ladies and gentlemen.”

The second the front door’s click was heard, Michael shot Ted’s an accusatory look.

“So you came with Brian?!”

“Would you shut the fuck up Michael?!”

 

 

 

Chapter 2 by loriblair
Lindsay summoned her Wasp superpower and dissolved in tears. Hormonal Lindsay was a performance worthy of an oscar.

"How can he leave me like this? Were is he going? I'm pregnant with his kid. I need him here with me. What if something happens to me and the baby and he isn't here?"

Oh oh Melanie thought. As much as she loved Lindsay she hated those poor pregnant Lindsay tears filled pity parties. She had been privy to her partner's games and tricks for years now. The tears no longer moved her. The blatant attachment to Brian didn't enrage her against the man anymore. Brian was gay and, as far as he was concerned, Lindsay was no more than a friend from college, a member of their makeshift family, and, quite frankly, the woman pregnant with his kid. He wasn't competing with her for Lindsay's affections, and if she was frank with herself, being the object of Lindsay's affection wasn't something she really wanted to be. Yeah she loved her partner but that same love disgusted her with her own self.

"If anything happens, we'll call him. What is going to happen anyway? Make us all a favor and stop wondering about bad things happening to you or to our baby!"

Feeling she had pissed off her partner, Lindsay fired at Michael.

"Are you happy now Michael? He left because of you!"

"He did not! He left because your dickless wife forced him to pick Ted over me."

"Don't be stupid Michael. That is if you know how to not be stupid."

The tears had suddenly disappeared and she had her mother's ice cold glare in place. Hormones, or so she believed they thought!

"I'm Brian's best friend. Had been his best friend since we were fourteen. He would have never picked someone else over me. God knows what Melanie has on him. But let me tell the both of you, no one but me will be this kid's godfather. Now if you would excuse, I have a best friend to see before he leaves."

He was out the front door before Deb had time to catch him and force him back. She followed him out and started shouting from the porch.

"Come back here you little asshole. Brian needs his rest."

"Deb!" Ted shouted. "Leave him be!"

Deb slammed her front door and came back to the living room swearing to tan her idiotic son's ass once she gets her hands on him.

"Ted you should follow him. Brian needs his rest and I don't want them to fight before Brian's trip."

"They are not going to fight. Brian isn't at the loft and he has turned his cellphone off."

"He'll wait for him until he comes back to the loft to get ready for his trip."

"Deb, Brian won't be going to the loft. Not tonight, not tomorrow morning. Don't worry."

Deb was too distraught to pick up on what Ted was trying very hard to hide but Lindsay didn't like what she was hearing. First, Ted knew too much for her own good. Second, when did Brian stop sleeping at the loft. She knew Brian better than anyone and he hated sleepovers. He loved his bed and he loved sleeping in his bed.

Emmet was looking at all the food he and Deb prepared and that remained untouched. Well the boys at the shelter will happily clear the plates. He cleaned up, took the containers to his car and came back to make his excuses and tell Ted it was time to leave.

Ted stood up.

"Mel, Brian wanted me to give you this."

He handed her an envelope.

"Call me tomorrow and we'll go together to pick you new car."

"What?! No! I can't accept!"

"It's already paid for. All you need to do is pick the one you like. You don't want your kid to ride in your old car!"

Melanie was speechless.

Lindsay was seething.
Chapter 3 by loriblair

Lindsay made sure Melanie was asleep before she slipped out of the bedroom and silently went down to the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of wine, because what Mel doesn’t know can’t hurt the baby, and called Brian to air her grievances.

“Brian your phone is ringing”

“Pick up.”

“It’s Lindsay. I’ll let it go to voicemail.”

“Pick up. Let’s get this show on the road.”

So he picked up. It wasn’t that he was afraid but they were only thirty minutes away and she could easily ruin their night if she decided to fake a pregnancy crisis. Couldn’t she have waited until they were in LA?

“Hello?”

“Brian?”

“No. Who is it?”

“Who the hell are you? How dare you answer Brian’s phone? Did you steal it? Does Brian know his trick is answering his phone? Where’s Brian?”

Justin wanted to ask her if she was Brian’s wife. Instead he took a deep breath and asked her once again who she was.

“If you want me to tell Brian you called, I recommend you calm down and tell me who you are.”

Brian was standing in the en-suite door, arms crossed, and a smirk playing on his lips. He was enjoying this too much.

Lindsay launched a long insulting tirade about her importance in Brian’s life. If she thought her entitlement was intimidating the young man, she was very wrong.

“I’m happy to know how highly you think of yourself but it still doesn’t tell me who you are.”

Brian’s eyes were sparkling and he was biting his lips to contain his laughter.

“I’m his kid’s mother!”

“Okay. Brian, Lindsay’s on the phone.”

Brian took the phone, kissed Justin’s plump lips and sat next to him on the bed. He motioned to Justin to move and sit between his bended legs and lay back on him. Justin greedily agreed.

“Hey Linds, what do you need?”

“How can you humiliate me like this?”

Fishwife Lindsay was about to make a raging appearance.

“I’d love to tell you how giving that you can tell me how the fuck I humiliated you.”

“Are you serious? You arrived late at my baby shower, wondered why it wasn’t about Melanie too, as if she’s the one pregnant with your kid, fought with Michael, informed me that you were backing Mel’s godfather choice, and gave Mel a car! And to top it all, you let your trick pick up the phone!”

Brian could easily imagine Lindsay’s counting his infractions on her fingers and giving him her patented baffled innocent virtuous lady look. But he could also imagine the twitch in her lips and her balled hand in an attempt to not loose what was remaining of her temper.

“Well, at the risk of sounding obvious, who answers my phone is none of your fucking business. You might be pregnant with my kid but I didn’t fuck it into you. I chose Ted because he’s one of best friends. As for giving Mel a car, her car is constantly breaking down so she needed a new one.”

“Didn’t you think that I might need a new car too. I’m the one pregnant you know.”

“Lindsay, I know you’re the one who is pregnant. You look like a whale. It’s impossible to not notice that you’re pregnant. So for fuck’s sake stop repeating it.”

At this point, Justin was shaking with silent laughter.

“As for the car, you don’t need a new one. Mommy and Daddy gave you a new one on your birthday. You want a new one. There’s a big difference here. Is there anything else I can help you with before you fuck off?”

“Where are you and who are you with?”

“Well, that’s a story for another day. Take care of my baby. You know, the one you’re pregnant with.”

Brian snapped the phone off and threw in the bed table’s direction. He had more important issues to take care of.

In her kitchen, Lindsay was combusting.

“Son of a bitch”

“It gives him at least one thing in common with his kid.”

Mel’s voice startled Lindsay. It was dripping with venom.

“Don’t be jealous Mel.”

“I’m not fucking jealous. I’m fucking furious.”

Mel took the wine glass and threw it in the sink.

“I’ll be sleeping in the guestroom. Enjoy our bed, since you know, you’re the one who is pregnant.”

Chapter 4 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

Sorry I'm not answering your comments, but I'm uploading on the go. I'm very happy you guys are liking it and taking time to leave your opinions. During the weekend I'll have some time to reply to each and every one of you. I was about to make a month time jump but since you liked the phone call between Lindsay and the J/B, here's the other phone call we all wanted to happen. 

Lindsay woke up early, had a shower, picked one of her earth mother outfits - Debs had the early shift at the diner and Lindsay was a woman on a mission - and slipped out of the house 5 minutes before Mel's alarm is supposed to ring. Lindsay was still seething from everything that happened the night before. Not only was she being forced to share her "Brian Kinney baby mama" hardly fought for status with Melanie of all people, but she had to suffer the public humiliation of witnessing Mel getting a new car as well as the private humiliation of almost begging Brian's trick to put her baby daddy on the phone. Desperate times call for desperate measures; it was time to join forces with Gay Pittsburg's most famous whiny idiot. Imagining little Mikey's face when she would tell him about the trick who wouldn't let go of the phone almost made her forget Mel getting the new car. Poor idiot was going to throw a tantrum and call Brian in hysterics. While the hysterics won’t help anyone get to the bottom of things, they will make her meltdown pale in comparison. She felt proud of herself for the being the first one to ever find a use of Michael’s whiny existence.

She parked in front of the diner and got out of the car. She could swear the car was making strange sounds. But that was lie for another day.

She carefully made her way into the diner. She was pregnant after all.

Michael was already in the so-called family booth nursing a coffee and looking tired. He’d spent the whole night trying to get a hold of Brian. He kept leaving messages until he filled the memory. Then he had called Ted. Unfortunately for him, Blake was the one to pick the phone. It was safe to say that he got his comics clad ass handed to him by his least favorite twink. For the time being that is.

“Good morning Michael. How are you doing today?”

Not that I can’t guess by your pout and you’re going through a Brian withdrawal phase, she wanted to add. But she needed the little idiot on her side.

“Not good.”

“Good. I wouldn’t want to be the one responsible of souring your good mood.”

Deb stopped by their booth, refilled Michael’s coffee cup and asked Lindsay if she wanted anything.

“Thank you but no. I already had a cup of coffee. I’m not allowed a second one.”

Deb felt like Lindsay had more to say. Never one to put her job ahead of her curiosity, she pushed in the booth next to Michael.

Lindsay smirked inwardly. Michael was on slapping distance. He’d better watch his mouth when talking to her.

“So Linds, what’s going on?”

“Yesterday night I called Brian and you wouldn’t believe what happened!”

“Oh that’s easy! He didn’t pick up.”

First slap on the head.

“Shut the fuck up asshole. Let her speak. I want to know what happened. You were saying Linds?”

“He wasn’t the one to pick up.”

Knowing that Michael was not going to get it on his own, she continued her story.

“Some guy answered and made me beg him, beg him, to allow me to speak with Brian.”

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?”

Oh the dreaded Novotny screech!

“And that’s not all of it! He actually knew who I was. Once I told him that I was the woman pregnant with Brian’s baby, he called me Lindsay.”

“So you got to speak with Brian?”

“Of course, I’m pregnant with his baby.”

Even Deb rolled her eyes.

“You mean you’re Brian and Mel’s baby incubox.”

“What the fuck is an incubox?”

“You know where they put the things so they become a baby.”

That earned him a hard slap from his mother.

“An incubator you moron! Well this incubator got to speak to your ‘best friend’ while, judging by your pouting, you’re not being able to do.”

Finally, he took the bait and called Brian. He was in for a big surprise.

This time Justin and Brian only exchanged looks before Justin answered.

“Hello.”

“What the fuck is going on Brian?”

Justin chuckled. The best friend who couldn’t recognize his best friend’s voice.

“This isn’t Brian. Who is it and how may I help?”

“Who the fuck are you? Where’s Brian? Does he know you’re answering his phone?”

“Well, since you’re the one calling, you’re the one who should introduce himself. Haven’t you learned anything about decorum in life?”

Brian was biting his forearm to contain his laughter. Michael and decorum really don’t go in a pair. I mean, have you seen the idiot, and I use the word very loosely, eating?!

“What does decoration have to do with you answering my best friend’s phone?”

“Decoration? Never mind Mikey. Could you wait a minute? I’m going to call Bri.”

“Don’t call me Mikey asshole!”

“Do you want to speak with Brian?”

“That’s what I’ve been saying for an hour!”

“So Mikey, shut up and let me call him!”

Michael was about to have an aneurysm. Both Lindsay and Deb were wondering what the other man could be telling Michael to drive him bat shit crazy. Well, Lindsay could imagine, but Deb was completely lost.

Brian took a couple of deep breath to control himself and braced himself for a Mikey attack. Thinking that the man he thinks of as his bratty brother was the one shouting like a fool was quite depressing. But he didn’t really care anymore.

“Hey Mikey! What do you want?”

“What do I want? What do I want? Who is this asshole who answered your phone? I don’t get to answer you phone! What is going on Brian?”

“What asshole?”

“The one I was talking to a minute ago.”

“You mean the man with a tight asshole, not that you would know that, you were just talking to? That’s Justin. Anyway what do you need?”

“Since when do you remember your trick’s names, tell them about your life or allow them to answer your phone?”

At that point, the whole diner was openly listening to Michael’s shouting. The news was too good to pass on.

“Who said anything about a trick? Justin is not a trick! What did you want? I’m busy.”

“What the fuck do you mean he’s not a trick?”

You could feel the whole avenue shutting up. This was the biggest news since Brian Kinney first appeared. Life just got more interesting.

“He’s my partner. I’ll be introducing him to the family when we come back to the Pitts?”

“He’s with you now?”

Michael’s observation skills had no match.

“He fucking answered my phone, the phone I am using right now to speak to you. Where the fuck do you think he is?”

“What do you mean your partner?”

Oh it had finally dawned on Whiny Mikey!

“Exactly what partner means. Seriously Michael why did you call? I have more important things to do that listening to your screeching!”

“Your fucking partner? What about me? What about us?”

“What about you? It has nothing to do with you!”

“What about us Brian?”

“Goodbye Michael. I’ll see you at Ma when I come back.”

“Don’t you dare hang up on me your fucking asshole”

Too late.

Chapter 5 by loriblair

Ted was happy. He had just won the lottery known as Brian Kinney is back and he's about to deal with his wanna be wife and wanna be husband. He woke up earlier than usual, prepared breakfast and served it to Blake in bed. Then he took a shower and drove to work, remembering to pick two cups of Cynthia's favorite coffee. He avoided the liberty diner where he knew Michael was holding court rewriting Brian's life and Michael's importance in it, mistaking the queens' laughter at him for laughter with him. Whiny Mikey lived in a world where Brian loved him and only him. In that world Captain Astro lived down the road from Brian's place and ComiCons were the real Security Council meetings. But Ted wasn't fooled by Mikey's geekiness. The superheroes t-shirts and ratty jeans didn't hide Michael's real nature.

Ted parked in Kinnetik's underground parking. He'd been doing so for three weeks now. Call him a coward if you want, he doesn't care. He'd rather be accused of cowardice than have Michael waiting for him by his car.

Ted waltzed into Cynthia's office.

"Someone's happy today!"

"I finally get to watch Brian deal with his idiotic paramours. I'm a free man."

***

Brian strode into Kinnetiks at twenty to nine, 40 minutes after Ted's arrival. Brian was usually at the office before eight but Justin had distracted him, before going back to sleep while he had to shower on his own, get dressed outside the bedroom to not disturb his sleeping partner and silently slide outside the loft. The things he did for his blond twat. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Him, Brian Aiden Kinney, God's one and only gift to gay PA, was deeply, completely, irrevocably in love with a bitchy blond bubble butt twat.

At nine fifteen, his assistant buzzed him to tell him Michael was there and wanted to see.

"Send him in. And tell Ted he has 5 seconds to be in my office unless he wants to start looking for a new job."

Mary chuckled and let Michael in her boss' office. She hated the bastard. Then she called Ted and relied Brian's message, forgetting to mention that Michael was there.

Michael barged into Brian's office, full pout and puppy eyes mode on.

"Good morning Mikey! I thought you had plans with Ted and Emmet tonight."

What Michael heard: Brian loves me so much he asks around about my plans.

"I do."

Ted lightly knocked on the office door before coming in.

"Welcome back boss. We missed you."

"Yes Briaaaaan, we missed you so so much".

Brian, you coward asshole, Ted thought. Nevertheless, he unloaded the files he was holding on Brian’s desk and plonked down in one of the leather chairs.

What Michael saw: Jealous Ted barging in on him and Brian reconnecting.

“So Michael don’t you have to be at work?”

What Michael heard: Brian cares so much about me he doesn’t want me to have problems at work

“No. I called in sick.”

“You should go back home then. I don’t want you spreading your germs her and contaminating my employees.”

What Michael heard: Brian wants me to get some rest. He’s fearful for my health.

“I’m not sick. I just called in sick.”

You don’t say, Brian thought. Ted smirked at his boss.

“Why would you do that?”

What Michael heard: Brian wants to know details.

“Because I wanted to see you. Did you really think I would go to work on your first day back in the Pitts. I haven’t seen you in a month. I missed my best friend.”

“Good for him. Now, did you need anything?”

What Michael heard: Brian wants to make sure I have everything I need.

Oh no, don’t even think about it! Denial wasn’t just a river in Egypt; it was Michael’s modus operandi when hearing something he didn’t like.

“I want to spend time with you.”

“Well that’s my place of work and I’m a very busy person.”

What Michael heard: well, Michael wasn’t hearing anymore!

“But I called in sick to spend the day with you.”

Puppy look: check!

“You should call and tell them you feel better.”

“Briaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!”

The God forsaken whine: check!

Ted was in heaven.

“I’m fucking serious Michael. Get your flat ass out of my office and to the Crap Emporium.”

Full pout: check!

“I changed my mind.”

Winning smirk: check!

“I actually don’t care where you go. Just get the fuck out.”

Teary eyes: check!

“But I miss you so fucking much and I wanted to tell you that I have forgiven you”

“Forgiven me?”

What Michael heard: see, he wouldn’t do anything bad to me that I would have to forgive him. He loves me so much!

“For the trick who spoke to me on the phone!”

“Goodbye Michael.”

What Michael heard: he hates it that he hurt me he doesn’t want to talk about it.

“I love you too.”

Brian stood up and walked around his desk. Michael smiled so brightly he looked like a child on Christmas morning. But Santa hadn’t left any gifts. Brian took Michael by the elbow, forced him out of the chair and out of his office.

“I’ll see you at lunch at the diner!”

Brian slammed the door.

“Fucking bitch.”

Ted was laughing so hard teards were falling on his new Armani pants.

Chapter 6 by loriblair

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't been updating this story but I have a good reason. I am Lebanese, my name might not give it out, but I am Lebanese and I live in Lebanon, the one in the Middle East not the one in the USA lol. Today is day 6 in nation wide protests against the government and the president. We've been in the streets since the 17th. Even the banks, schools and colleges are closed! So I haven't had a moment to write or do anything. Hopefully, things will get better soon and I will be back to writing.

I hope you'll all still be caring about the story when I'm back!

Lori

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1493