Ever After by loriblair
Summary:

When Brian wakes up the morning after the good bye fuck, he finds Justin having breakfast in the loft kitchen.

Don't be fooled by the reunions that followed the bombing. Karma is my middle name!

 


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Blake Wyzecki, Brandon, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Claire Kinney, Cynthia, Daphne Chanders, Debbie Novotny, Drew Boyd, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Hal, James 'Hunter' Montgomery, Jennifer Taylor, Jenny Rebecca Marcus-Peterson, Joan Kinney, Justin Taylor, Kiki, Leda, Leo Brown, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Molly Taylor, Other Cast Regulars, Sam Auerbach, Ted Schmidt, Todd (Backroom), Tucker
Tags: Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, Canon Divergence, Established Relationship, Jealousy, M/M, Post-series, Raw Sex, Wedding, What if...
Genres: Alternate Canon, Canon Divergence, Fix-it, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 13830 Read: 29210 Published: Mar 27, 2020 Updated: Apr 02, 2020
Story Notes:

About my previous story, I've lost 4 chapters when I broke my phone and I hate rewriting. But I will be rereading it and giving it a shot now that we're social distancing and that I need to do something besides eating and Netflix!

1. Chapter 1 by loriblair

2. Chapter 2 by loriblair

3. Chapter 3 by loriblair

4. Chapter 4 by loriblair

5. Chapter 5 by loriblair

6. Chapter 6 by loriblair

7. Chapter 7 by loriblair

8. Chapter 8 by loriblair

9. Chapter 9 by loriblair

10. Chapter 10 by loriblair

11. Chapter 11 by loriblair

12. Chapter 12 by loriblair

13. Chapter 13 by loriblair

Chapter 1 by loriblair

 

When Brian Kinney finally woke up, it was already half past twelve. Justin should have landed by now and taking his first steps in New York. He was glad he didn’t wake up on time to witness Justin leaving him one more time. Justin wasn’t leaving him per se but hey, he was flying to another city to pursue his dream of becoming the next Andy Warhol. Whatever “it’s only time” meant, it sure as hell didn’t mean “I’ll see you tonight”.

Brian went into the bathroom, showered, brushed his teeth, and went back into the bedroom. He wasn’t in the mood for getting dressed. With a towel secured around his waist, he got down the couple of steps between the bedroom and the rest of the loft and …

“Jesus Fucking Christ! What the fuck are you doing here?”

There, on one of the bar stools, Justin was sitting, reading a magazine and eating a huge bowl of fruit salad.

“Good morning to you too.”

Brian wasn’t sure he wasn’t simply imagining Justin. It had happened to him before so he couldn’t really laugh it off. But no, he wasn’t having a vision! Justin was in their kitchen, stuffing his face with fruits drowned in some sugary syrup.

“What the fuck are you doing here? You’re supposed to be in New York!”

“Yeah about that, I changed my mind! I am not going to New York. If Lindsay really thinks the sun shines in New York, she can go. I’ll buy her a ticket. But I am not going.”

“Justin don’t be ridiculous! You need to go!”

“I don’t need to do anything I don’t want to do! So Brian, if you really think that the woman who can’t decide whether she’s a lesbian or a bisexual, that the woman who was ready to involve her son in a criminal scheme, that the woman who has been lying to herself ever since she met you, knows what I should do better than I know, maybe you should go to her and ask her to marry you!”

Yeah, the little blond boy was no longer an afraid teenager looking for validation! He was a man who knew what he wanted and who knew that not every asshole needed a bat to bash another person. An article in an art magazine was good enough! When Chris bashed him, he lost himself. When Lindsay bashed him with that article, she brought back the seventeen-year-old boy who didn’t care about what anyone thought! And that new seventeen-year-old knew that Brian loved him. So really, the whole family was in for a couple of surprises!

“I need coffee.”

“Pour yourself a cup.”

Brian gave him a bland look and prepared his coffee. He drank half his cup before uttering a word.

“So you just woke up and decided that you’re staying here?”

“No! I never intended on going. But I knew better than telling you the truth. You would have pushed me off Mount Kinney and went to Linds and Mikey for support while they would be too happy to play best friends.”

Brian looked at him for a long moment. That wasn’t the same Justin he went to bed with last night. The man in front of him was different. The man in front of him was secure in their relationship and up to the fight of his life.

“So what’s the plan? You’re a little WASP prince, you always have a plan.”

Justin gave him his patented sunshine smile.

“Well…”

 

Chapter 2 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

Expect 2020 pop culture references. So yeah in this version of QAF we're in 2020, no corona virus, and of course legalized same sex marriage. 

 

A smirking Brian got dressed in record time. Passing by the mirror he gave himself a once over and had to admit that he didn’t look like a broken hearted stood-up at the almost altar lover. But hey, he was Brian Kinney, he always looked good. He smiled smugly at his reflection and strutted to the kitchen. He gave Justin a deep kiss, took his key of the early morning changed locks, and left to accomplish the first step of their plan.

Brian wasn’t stupid. He knew Michael and Lindsay were in love with him and were just playing house with their partners. He avoided addressing it when they were younger because he needed them. He needed the love struck best friend who enjoyed taking care of him when his father beat him up. He needed the WASP wannabe princess who enjoyed crossing her parents by introducing him to their well-connected friends. He was born on the wrong side of town and he knew it. He also knew that to become the person he wanted to be, he had to survive the beatings and then make contacts with the rich and affluent. So he knowingly used Michael and Lindsay’s unrequited love to help himself become Brian Fucking Kinney. What he didn’t know was that they would still be stuck in their teenage dreams well into their thirties.

In the car, he called the two people he knew he could trust with his life. Ted and Cynthia. He told them that the twat was still in Pittsburg and explained their plan. To say both were overjoyed by the news would be an understatement.

Brian parked in the Muncher Mansion driveway. He took a deep breath, got out of the car, and knocked on the door. A smiling Mel was the one to open.

“Hey Brian, come on in!”

Well that was a strange sight!

Brian followed Mel to the family room where Gus was playing with his trains and Lindsay was busy turning little Jenny Rebecca into little Lindsay. If this didn’t require the Children Protective Services intervention, he wondered what did.

“Daddyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!”

Gus ran to his dad and happily jumped in his arms. Then he remembered why daddy was alone.

“I miss Jussin daddy!”

Brian gave his boy a squeeze and kissed his temple.

“I miss him too Sonny boy.”

Lindsay stood up with Jenny still in her arms and came to give a hug to Brian and Gus.

“It’s okay honey! Justin put his career first. We need to wish him luck and remember that we still have a family.”

How Melanie didn’t pull her wife by the hair and slap her in that moment remains a mystery! Brian detached himself from the unneeded hug and sat on the couch with his son still in arms. He would have gladly taken Jenny out of her mother’s arms. No child deserved to be used as an accessory for theatrical dramatics. But first things first.

“Well Lindsay, you should be happy he put his career first. That’s what you wanted! Anyway, I didn’t come here to listen to platitudes. I need a break. I’m taking a mini holiday and I want to take Gus with me.”

Mel surprised him by expressing her positive opinion of his plan.

“That’s a great idea. Some father-son bonding time would be great for both of you.”

Before Brian or Lindsay could react, Gus was off his father’s lap and in his momma’s arms.

“Really I can go with daddy?”

“Of course you can. Your daddy needs you and you two will have a wonderful time together.”

“When are you planning on leaving and how long will you be gone?”

“I’m leaving today and would be back in four or five days.”

“Where are you going? Just so I know what to pack for Gus.”

Brian was about to ask the woman who looked so much like Mel who she was and what had happened to real Mel when the placating voice of Lindsay interrupted him.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. It would be better if I went with you guys. You don’t want to be responsible for a four-year-old.”

Alien Mel was on her case quicker than Bolt!

“He’s been financially responsible for this four-year-old for four years. So I don’t see why he can’t take him on a short vacation!”

“Throwing money at a problem isn’t the same as taking care of it”

Mel gave her wife a lethal look before turning her attention to the boy in her arms.

“Gussie go to your room baby, choose some books to take with you and when you finish start putting your underwear on your bed. I’ll be up in a moment to help you pack.”

“Thank you, momma.”

Gus gave Mel an extra squeeze and a big kiss on her cheek and shot up to his bedroom. Brian knew that Mel loved Gus but he had never witnessed them together lately. They were so at ease together and Mel’s deep love for their son showed in the boy’s love and trust of his momma. Brian would always regret giving up his rights but seeing momma and son, he was relieved. Once Mel felt Gus had enough time to have arrived to his room, she zeroed in on Lindsay.

“First of all, last time I checked, Gus was our son, not our problem! Second, Gussie is the easiest kid I know. Even when he’s being naughty, he’s being cute and funny! No nanny McPhee is needed to take care of him! Third, short of an unexpected accident, nothing is going to happen that Brian won’t be able to handle! Now that I cleared that up, I’m going upstairs to help my son pack for his vacation with his father. So Brian, where are you taking him?”

“Euuuuhhh…..what? I mean I’m taking him to California.”

“Good! I’m sure he’s going to love it!”

Brian might have been Melanie’s nemesis for most of her adult life and they might never be best friends or each other’s biggest fans but the woman was his son’s loving mother and he felt like he could make a step towards a better relationship with her.

“Listen, why don’t you pack a bag for Jenny too? I’m sure Gus will love having his sister coming with us.”

The twin expressions of shock and bewilderment on the Munchers’ faces were hilarious but Brian was in no mood to laugh. Mel studied Brian’s face for a moment. He was fucking genuinely serious.

“Thank you, Brian. You have no idea what it means to me but I don’t think you’ll be able to take care of both kids alone without going crazy. And I think Gus would love to spend some father-son time with you. But I will hold you up to your invitation in a couple of years.”

“And I will keep inviting her”, was out of Brian’s mouth before he had the time to think he’d better shut up unless he wanted to start sounding like a lesbian.

Mel went upstairs to help “her” son get ready for his trip with daddy leaving Brian alone with an irate Lindsay.

“Well Brian, I hope you realize how hard it will be to take care of a child.”

“Thank you for your concern.”

Lindsay expected Brian to go on the defensive or to admit he didn’t know how to do it and invite her along despite Mel’s clear objection to this specific idea. Hell, she even expected him to cancel on his son and rush to some backroom. She didn’t expect a cold smile and a corporate slap down.

“We need to talk about support. Once we’ll be in Toronto we’ll need you to help us settle down.”

Justin had told him during their morning conversation that Lindsay would probably raise the support issue and try to weaponize it against him.

“We’ll talk about when I come back.”

“I’d rather we talk about it now. I’d feel better once we have a plan in place.”

“And I’d rather talk about it when all those concerned are present. I’d feel better having Ted here when we discuss the plan.”

Speaking of plans, this conversation was definitely not going according to Lindsay’s plan.

“When does Ted have to do with your support to your son and one of your best friends?”

“Making sure that I’m only supporting my son, possibly his sister, but definitely not one of two of my so-called best friends.”

“I beg your pardon?”

The “daddy” excited scream coming down the stairs saved Lindsay’s life and Brian’s freedom. Once the boy reached the landing he ran to his daddy’s arms with Mel following close behind.

“I am all ready! Momma said we can buy anything I don’t have but momma always makes sure I have everything so don’t worry.”

“I’m not worried Sonny boy. And I don’t want you to worry. We’ll buy anything you want or need. Okay, say good bye to your mothers and sister. We need to leave.”

Gus ran to Lindsay but instead of kissing her good bye, he hugged his baby sister for a good minute and gave her a couple of kisses while stage whispering how much he loved, how much he will miss her and promising her a lot of gifts from “Calinarnia”. He gave Lindsay a quick kiss goodbye before running back to Mel who got another big hug and resounding kisses on both of her cheeks as well as reminders of how much she was a loved momma and promises of calling her every day.

Gus’ apparent dismissal of Lindsay as someone who was around was quite telling. In his whole life, Brian hadn’t hated a person as much as he hated Lindsay in that moment. She was such a cold bitch that even her 4 year-old couldn’t fake caring about her.

Brian thanked Melanie profusely and left the Munchers Mansion with his son in his arms all ready for part two of Sunshine’s plan.

 

Chapter 3 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

Thanks for your comments guys, they make me happy! I truly enjoy reading them. love. xoxo

Justin’s cab pulled in front of the loft building’s back entrance as instructed. Justin knew for a fact that Michael was due to appear any minute now and if new keys and codes could keep Michael out of the building, nothing short of a call to Carl who wasn’t very fond of his whining step son could remove Michael’s waiting ass from the sidewalk. With the janitor’s help, Justin loaded the bags in the cab’s trunk and left the building before Michael had made it to Tremont.

A small part of Justin wanted to be there to witness little Mikey’s meltdown when he’d realize that the locks had been changed. He wanted to watch from the loft’s large windows a gesticulating Michael obsessively calling Brian and leaving hysterical messages when Brian wouldn’t pick up. But he could easily imagine Michael going in withdrawal of his drug of choice that he was sure he wouldn’t be missing a lot. Now watching the cops hauling Michael’s ass to the precinct when the neighbors would report him for disturbance, that would have been a beautiful sight. But hey, sometimes one had to sacrifice small pettiness in order to achieve the greater.

Michael reached Tremont ten minutes after Justin’s cab left. He was so excited he was tripping over himself. The trick that wouldn’t leave had finally left and Brian was finally ready for a serious relationship. Things couldn’t be better in Michael’s world. All the happiness and excitement came to an abrupt halt when his “emergency” key wouldn’t open the building’s door. He repeated the action of trying to open the obviously new lock with a key that obviously didn’t work half a dozen time before frantically calling Brian’s cellphone.

Brian it’s me Mikey! Pick up the phone!

Brian pick up the phone!

Brian my key isn’t working!

Brian I think someone changed your building’s lock. I can’t use my key!

Brian I’m outside your building pick up the phone!

Brian I don’t care who you’re fucking open the door now!

As his calls kept rolling to messages, Michael started buzzing the loft. When it became clear that the loft was either empty or whomever was in there was deaf, Michael started buzzing the whole building. The janitor, who was waiting for Michael’s appearance, answered within seconds.

“Yes. How may I help you?”

“Open the door for me.”

“Buzz the person you’re here to see.”

“This is Michael.”

“And this is Ed.”

“I mean it, this is Michael.”

“I mean it too. My name is Ed. Unless you have something else to tell me, I have a job a need to do!”

“I’m Brian’s best friend.”

“M. Kinney isn’t here.”

“I need you to buzz me in so I can wait for him.”

“I’m sorry Michael, but unless M. Kinney or M. Taylor ask me to, I can’t let you in.”

“Who the fuck is M. Taylor? You mean the boy wonder? Why the fuck would this trick decide who you let into Brian’s loft.”

Michael, you need to take your issues up with your friend. Now please leave.”

“I’m not going anywhere before I see Brian.”

“Good for you. Enjoy your stay on the sidewalk.”

Michael went back to calling Brian and leaving messages. Inside the building, Ed called Ted as it had been agreed upon.

“M. Schmidt, M. Novotny is here and acting true to character.”

“Thank you Ed. I’ll be over shortly.”

When Schmidt parked in front of Tremont, Michael was stomping on the sidewalk and shouting into his phone. He truly looked like a madman. Where was Debbie’s itching hand when you needed it?

“Michael! What the fuck are you doing here shouting like some insane asylum runaway?”

“Some what?”

Michael, the man who was a fourteen-year-old asshole. But wait a minute, isn’t a fourteen-year-old supposed to know what an insane asylum runaway was? You don’t need to be older than fourteen to be able to read “What About Evans?”. Ted chuckled. Yeah, Michael reading something other than a comic book! Ted wasn’t sure Michael read the dialogues in his juvenile comic books. He’d bet a whole year’s salary that little Mikey only looked at the drawings.

“Some crazy asshole trying to wake the dead! What the fuck is wrong with you?”

“I’ve been trying to get ahold of Brian for hours now! My key isn’t working, the fucking janitor won’t get me in, the fucking neighbors don’t answer my buzzing and Brian won’t pick up the phone.”

“So you stand on the sidewalk screaming and shouting! You’re lucky the janitor called me instead of calling the cops! Or even worse, Jennifer! Do you want to bet Jennifer wouldn’t have brought your mother with her?”

“What the fuck does Jennifer have to do with anything? And why did the asshole call you?”

Ted had been waiting for this moment for months now. It’s been years since he last saw anything worth loving in Michael. He saw him as the egocentric obsessed idiot he was and he was so happy to be the one to slap him down a peg.

“Jennifer’s firm manages Brian’s properties and property business. And I’m said business CFO.”

“Brian doesn’t own a property business!”

“I’m sorry to burst your bubble but Brian own several properties he rents out. This building was the first one he bought. Not that any of this is any business of yours. You need to go back to your house and stop acting like a crazy asshole.”

“Brian is my best friend. Everything about him is my business.”

Little Mikey never failed to make a stupid fourteen-year-old out of his adult, physically adult, self.

“That’s not the point. You really need to leave. People can refrain themselves from calling the cops only for so long.”

“I am not leaving until I see Brian.”

“You’re in for a long wait.”

“I don’t have anything to do. I’ll wait.”

God, don’t you ever let me forget this glorious moment!

“Brian went on a short vacation. He’s in a plane heading to California.”

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?”

“I said he’s going to a short vacation to California.”

Wait until you know what he’s going to do in California.

 “How is it that you know and I don’t? Why didn’t he consult me?”

Ted’s slapping hand was itching as it only itched when he was around Michael. He wanted to slap this self-righteous idiot squarely on the face.

“Because I am his CFO and right hand at work. Why would he need to consult you? You’re not his fucking husband. Speaking of husband, where is your husband? Does he know you’re here acting like a world class asshole?”

And so came the news Ted should have seen coming but was too normal a human being to expect.

“We broke up this morning.”

Chapter 4 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

Again thank you for the comments! I hope you're liking this story! love

“What did you do?”

“We broke up this morning. He’s going to keep the house for now but if he thinks I am not going to fight it on it, he’s dreaming.”

“Get in the car Michael.”

“I will sue him. I have rights!”

“I said get in the fucking car Michael! Now!”

Ted didn’t shout often but when he did you really didn’t want to keep antagonizing him. He wasn’t going to hit you but he will keep shouting your darkest secrets until the pigs start flying.

Michael hurried towards Ted’s car and got in silently. Ted was boiling with anger. He didn’t believe the little shit. The asshole must have done something to cause this breakup. Ben was notoriously zen and patient. He’d stuck with the idiot through thick and thin and defended him even when he didn’t deserve it, not that the asshole was ever worthy of any defense. Ted drove to Debbie’s where he knew Emmet was having breakfast and the girls headed after Brian picked Gus.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Your mother’s.”

Michael paled instantly. His mother was going to slap him on the head, then grill him for the truth, then screech like a fucking banshee until she gets to the bottom of things. And then, she will scream even more. He didn’t need her on his case now that Brian was out of state and not here to support him and show Deb that Michael had made the right decision.

“I don’t want to go the ma’s.”

“Well tough shit.”

Ted found a parking spot just behind where Melanie had parked. He turned the engine off and gave a pouting Michael a disgusting look.

“Listen here Michael. You’d better start acting like a 33-year-old human being and get your ass out of this car and into your mother’s house or I swear to God I will physically drag you and I won’t a fuck if the neighbors start laughing at you or call the cops on me. So are you going to act like a normal person for once in your life and get in the house without making a spectacle of yourself? The answer would better be yes.”

Michael got out of the car silently but took pleasure in slamming the car door hard enough to make Ted’s anger rise even more. He would have loved to see the windows breaking. It would teach fucking Ted a good lesson. But it was okay. He would wait until Brian comes back. Once they have their long awaited talk, he’ll make sure Ted is thrown out in the cold with nothing but the accountant’s suit he’d be wearing. Yes, Ted would eventually learn his place and no amounts of begging will save his. Michael will make sure of it.

Things in Debbie’s kitchen were tense. Melanie and Lindsay were in snapping mode and had obviously had one of their huge rows. Emmet looked like he wanted wrangle Lindsay’s neck. Debbie was dying to know what the fight was about and Jenny was coolly watching the adults having a collective meltdown.

Well little girl, you’re about to witness an even more dramatic meltdown. Ted was thankful that Gus was with his dad. Jenny was still too young to understand anything but Gus’ brain was a real sponge. Absolutely nothing escaped the little boy’s attention.

“Hello everyone! May I have your attention for a second? Michael and Bren have broken.”

See how you like being thrown under the Debbie bus you little asshole!

They all started talking at the same time but Deb’s screeches dominated the other voices.

“What the fuck is Ted talking about you little asshole? And how come Ted knew before me?”

You could see where Michael got his sense of priorities.

Deb was in her son’s face in a second. She pushed him on a chair and hovered over him.

“I asked you a question and you will answer me before I go hunting down your husband and ask why you broke up.”

“No no no don’t! I’ll tell you! You don’t need to speak with Ben.”

That was enough for Ted, Emmet and Melanie to know that whatever Michael was going to say was a lie.

“So?”, Deb prompted crossing her arms.

“We just realized that we aren’t happy together. We don’t see eye to eye on most things and I think we got married without really thinking about the consequences. He said that I am not who he sees himself growing up with and he asked me to leave.”

There is lying and then there is whatever that was. To be fair, they didn’t see eye to eye on most things. Ben was an educated, smart, cultivated man while Michael’s whole world revolved around comics. Michael didn’t understand most of the things that interested Ben and Ben really didn’t give flying fuck about Captain Asshole and Michael’s dolls. As for the rest, Michael was obviously lying.

“I’ll pretend I believe you. Where’s your luggage? Try not lying about this one?”

“He threw me out before I could pack.”

And splaff!

“Ouch ma! That hurt!”

Ted couldn’t help smirking when Jenny started laughing. Out of the laughs of babes!

“It was meant to. Now, where’s your luggage?”

“I told Ben to pack my shit and send it to Brian’s.”

“To Brian’s?”

The fact that the asshole was still breathing was a testament to Emmet’s self-restrain. Ted had already put one and one together and knew that Michael was in for a surprise. But Emmet was just realizing little Mikey’s game.

“Yes, now that the boy wonder is in New York, I can stay with Brian.”

“And what did Brian say?”

Ted jumped back in! There was no way in hell he was letting Michael feed Debbie some story about Brian telling him he was welcome and then leaving him out in the cold. He really wasn’t prepared for Debbie going ballistic thinking that Brian had told Michael he could stay with him before changing the locks and flying to sunny California. Yeah, Deb would eventually realize Michael had lied to her but he wasn’t up to listening to her ranting for fifteen minutes before she starts hearing herself and realizing she’s been had by the little asshole’s tale of woes.

“Well, like little Michael here went to the loft to share the news with Brian but surprise! Brian wasn’t home. He’s gone to California with Gussie as you already know.”

“He took Gus with him? Why didn’t you tell me Lindsay?”

“And why would Lindsay tell you about my son going on a trip with his dad? What Gus does is none of your fucking business!”

“Everything about Brian is my business.”

“Well Brian going on a trip with our son without telling you shows how much Brian thinks everything about you is his business.”

“Listen Mel…”

“No you listen to me Michael!” Deb’s voice was raising by the letter. “Where are you going to stay?”

“I already told you I am staying with Brian.”

The asshole was still sounding smug!

“Well, Brian isn’t here and I don’t think he’ll want you to stay with him when he comes back. You can stay here in your old bedroom until you work things with Ben.”

“Ma, Ben and I are over. I’m never going back to him! You need to understand it and not try to interfere!”

Slap! And Slap!

Debbie’s hand was working overtime!

“Don’t you dare speak to me like that you little shit! I don’t care what you do but if you’re staying here for some time, you’ll have to respect Carl. And you have to start looking for an apartment! I won’t have you here until I fucking die!”

“Once Brian comes back from California, I’ll be moving in with him! So I’ll be out of your hair in less than a week.”

Emmet was teared between shredding Michael to little pieces and getting out of dodge. As much as he would have enjoyed eviscerating little Mikey, he needed to know where was Brian even more. So he stood up, gave Debbie a hug, Mel a kiss, cooed for a little moment over Jenny and asked Ted for a lift. Ted was happy to indulge his friend and while they loved Melanie a lot, there was nothing they could do for her. The two friends made their excuses and fled before becoming the reason why Deb’s kitchen will be considered a crime scene.

Once in the car, Emmet fixed Ted with an accusing look.

“So Teddy, where the fuck is Brian Kinney?”

Chapter 5 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

I hope Gus doesn't sound more articulate than a 4 to 5 yo. Enjoy the chapter. And again, thank you for your comments.

 

Gus was so excited to be going on a trip with daddy he was bouncing in his booster seat. This was their first trip together and he was so happy! Gus wasn’t a stupid kid. He knew mommy didn’t want him to go with daddy. Mommy doesn’t like it when daddy comes to visit Gus. She always wants daddy to come visit her and bring her gifts. But daddy only brought gifts to his Sonny boy. Maybe daddy should also bring gifts to Jenny. Her daddy never got her anything. When he came to visit he would ask Gus about his daddy but momma told Michael to shut up and not bother Gussie. She also told Gussie that he doesn’t have to answer questions he doesn’t like. Mommy said that little boys should always obey adults. Momma said it’s true only when adults aren’t acting like stupid kids.

“So Sonny boy, are you happy we’re going on a trip together?”

“Yes daddy! Can we go see Jussin too?”

Brian was always amazed by how much his son loved Justin and at the risk of sounding like a lesbian, the shared loved between Sonny boy and Sunshine made him one happy man, daddy and partner.

“I’m going to tell you a secret Gus. Do you remember what a secret is?”

“Yes daddy! It means I can’t tell anybody. Momma says that what you and I do together should always be a secret and when mommy and uncle Michael ask me what we did, I don’t have to tell them.”

Well that was a surprise!

“Momma Mel said so?”

“Yes daddy. Momma always says I don’t have to do anything if it makes me unhappy. She says that the most important thing is that I am happy. Mommy says that I have to be always polite and silent. So momma told me to go play in my room. But I stayed behind the door and listened. Mommy said things about polite boys and society. I didn’t really understand. But momma said that her son is going to be a happy boy and that society could go … oups! She said a bad word! Momma say I can’t tell bad words because a good little boy like me is better than saying bad words.”

The beautiful things about little boys who knew they are loved is that they apparently don’t have a filter. Brian could not remember a time in his life when he would have conversationally ratted his parents out.

“So daddy, what’s the secret?”

Oh yeah, the secret!

“Justin is going with us to California. And then he is coming back with us to Pittsburg.”

“Really daddy? I am so happy! I love Jussin a lot!”

Now Gus was literally bouncing in his seat and cheering loudly. Yeah, Sunshine did have this effect on many people.

“Can I tell you a secret daddy? You have to remember not to tell anyone!”

“Not even Jussin?”

“You can tell Jussin but you tell him it’s a secret. I don’t want momma to know. It will make her sad. I don’t like it when momma is sad.”

“I promise Sonny boy. And we can tell Justin together if you want. But I promise I won’t tell anyone else.”

“Goody. I like playing with Jenny. Momma put her on the mat with me and I show her my joes and my cars and trains. When I crash the cars she giggles. But mommy says I shouldn’t play with Jenny because she’s a girl and I’m a boy. Mommy said that Jenny will not be a beautiful girl like her.”

What the fuck! Who says that shit about a baby? And to her brother?

“Mommy said that Jenny will look like momma and momma is not beautiful. So mommy has to work on her and I can’t play with her because it’s not good for not beautiful girls to play like boys. I was very sad when she said this. I think momma is very beautiful daddy. And Jenny is perfect. She does a lot of stinkies I know, but she’s perfect when she’s clean. I didn’t tell momma because I think she will be sad that mommy thinks she’s not beautiful.”

Now Brian didn’t think of Melanie as the most beautiful woman the world has ever seen but he knew better than telling a little boy that his momma and his sister were ugly. And what the fuck was Lindsay thinking forbidding her son of playing with his sister. The bitch should be encouraging the siblings to play together not trying to fill her son’s head with poison. They were lucky Gus was so attached to his momma and baby sister.

“Sonny boy, your momma is very beautiful and Jenny is perfect. You can play with her anyway you want as long as you remember that she’s a baby and that she can’t do everything you do.”

“I know daddy! I have to protect her and make sure she doesn’t get hurt. I think it will hurt her if she knows that mommy thinks she’s not beautiful.”

Lindsay was so lucky she wasn’t in neck wrangling distance. The little manipulating bitch was in for a big surprise next time Brian saw her. She was going to meet the famous Kinney asshole.

“Listen Sonny boy, are you listening?”

“Yes daddy.”

“Don’t worry. Momma and Jenny will never know that mommy thinks they aren’t beautiful. Now I want you to forget about it and think about our trip. We’ll be at the airport in 5 minutes and guess who is waiting for us there!”

“Jussin!”

“Yes! Justin is waiting for us and we are going to spend a nice vacation together. We will only think about people who make us happy. I always want you to be happy Sonny boy.”

“Me too daddy! I always want you and Jussin and momma and Jenny to be happy. I love you all very much.”

“And we all love you very much Gussie.”

Gus was smiling again and the trip’s excitement was showing again on him. Brian hoped that all thoughts of the fucking petty bitch had left his son’s mind at least for the week. And when they come back, he’ll make sure his Sonny boy, his momma and Jenny are protected from fucking Linsday.

Chapter 6 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

Btw, in this version of the story, Mel didn't interfere in Justin and Brian's wedding plan. She flatly refuse to push NY on either of them and had a row with her bitch of a wife because of the article.

And sorry for the mistakes. If i start rereading to correct, I'll start changing things and the process would take too long. 

Enjoy.

xoxoxo

“Now that fucking Ted has left, I’m going by the loft again. Hopefully one of the neighbors will let me in.”

“Sit your flat ass down you little shit. I don’t think Brian will be happy finding you in his loft after he has changed the locks and not given you a new set of keys.”

Melanie was watching the heated back and forth between mother and thirty-three- year-old baby boy with growing interest. She was surprised Debbie wasn’t on the phone trying to get ahold of Brian, leaving threatening messages of going all the way to California to drag him back to Pittsburg to take care of her preciously useless son. But here she was cornering Michael in her kitchen, blocking him from getting to the door, and threatening him of tanning his behind. It really boggled the mind that Debbie still had to wipe little Mikey’s stinky ass. Seriously, the man was about to get divorced and needed mommy to explain that when someone doesn’t give you a key to their apartment they don’t want you to access it in their absence. Melanie was wondering who was going to explain to wonder best friend that even when he had a key, he wasn’t supposed to use it whenever he felt like it. Mel was sure that as the years passed Brian hadn’t taken back the keys Michael and Lindsay had out of pity.

“Ma, Brian will give me a copy of his key. Lindsay and I always had a copy. It really won’t matter to him if I stay at the loft during his absence.”

“I don’t think either of you is getting the new key.”

The perspective of not having free access to the hollowed loft had Lindsay jumping head first in the, well I guess you could call it conversation.

“You don’t know this Melanie.”

“Well correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember Brian giving you a key when he picked up Gussie. He also didn’t invite you to go with them even though you invited yourself. So yeah, no key!”

Now something important to know about the relationship between Lindsay and Michael would be that they weren’t really fond of each other. Despite their shared claim of being Brian’s dearest friends, maybe because of it, they hated each other. And the matter of Jenny’s custody, although resolved, definitely didn’t make things better between the two frenemies. In Lindsay’s defense, there was really nothing to like in Michael. He wasn’t good enough to be used as a token friend to fuck with Nancy and Ron. Lindsay hate him for himself and everything he represented, including assholes who never learned how to use cutlery. And Michael hated Lindsay simply because Brian fucked her and kept her around. So for Michael who couldn’t get ahold of Brian, the fact that Lindsay knew that Brian was going to California and he didn’t really didn’t sit well.

“So Lindsay, did you know that Brian now owns the whole building on Tremont?”

“Oh don’t be ridiculous Michael. Of course he doesn’t own the whole building. He would have told me if he did.”

“He owns it. Fucking Ted told me. And it’s not the only building he apparently owns. According to fucking Ted, your son’s father is becoming quite the propriety tycoon.”

“So it wasn’t Brian who told you about owning the building!”

Melanie was enjoying the two dickheads playing my horse is bigger than your horse. The best part of the game was that neither one of them owned the fucking horse. And Melanie was ready to bet her job that the horse’s owner was not in New York but on his way to California. Oh happy days!

“Wait a minute you two. How the fuck do you know what a property tycoon Michael? I didn’t know they used such big words in your comics.”

“A friend of David was a property tycoon. I don’t think you remember Mel, but when I was with David I met people you can only dream of meeting.”

Michael felt good with his answer. Melanie should remember her place. She was nothing but some lawyer working at some firm he couldn’t remember the name of. He was a business owner and he knew people. And he was the best friend of Brian Kinney who seems to be far richer than any of them knew.  

“Keep going Michael and you’ll only see your daughter in your dreams. Oh silly me! You don’t give a fuck about Jenny. On a serious note, trust me I don’t need to meet David’s well connected friends. Brian has introduced me to some of his and I know for a fact they wouldn’t spit of dear old David’s friends even if they were on fire.”

“Brian introduced you to people he works with? Why didn’t you tell me Mel? I’m your wife, I shouldn’t be the last one to know things like that! Now please, could you and Michael stop playing my horse is bigger than your horse?”

“You’re such a prude Lindsay!”, Debbie cackled. “It’s playing my dick is bigger than your dick!”

“No Deb, Lindsay’s right. I never play my dick is bigger than your dick. If I did, Linds here wouldn’t have to slut around with her fucking hairy mentor and dream of Brian Kinney suddenly realizing he’d always been straight. That was fun. Deb, I’ll see you next Sunday for family dinner. Michael, if God forbids you want to see Jenny, call ahead. Lindsay, you either come with now or pay the cab from your own account. Good day.”

Mel smiled to the three gob smacked faces, gathered Jenny’s stuff and was out the door before any of them had regained their senses.

Chapter 7 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

Hey Deb, thanks for pointing out that the retirement was supposed to be in California not Florida. Sorry guys for the blunder but I write while listening to the news and it's fair to say that Florida's beaches situations is giving me nightmares! Stay safe!

 

Ben let Ted and Emmet in and went back to the kitchen. He poured each one a cup of coffee and told them to sit at the table. He was still under shock, wondering how he’d been fooled by Michael. Ben knew that Michael had an unhealthy obsession with everything Brian Kinney and that no matter how much his husband swore that Brian was nothing but his best friend, he was still planning their California retirement. You wonder if this wasn’t enough of a red flag what would be.

“So Ben, any idea why your husband is running around saying that you guys decided to break up, that you threw him out, and that he’s moving in with Brian?”

Ben had been wondering for hours what his lying husband had been telling his friends since he left the house. Michael was notorious for running his mouth and whining people to death. He must have tried selling Ted one hell of tale of woes where he was the victim of some cosmic force.

“When I woke up this morning Michael was already up and preparing breakfast. He’s too lazy to pour himself a cup of coffee so I was really intrigued when I saw him trying to make an omelet. He avoided my good morning kiss. He got the orange juice out of the fridge and asked me if I wanted coffee or if I wanted to wait for breakfast to be ready.”

Ted and Emmet really didn’t care about diaries of a dumped professor. Ben should write all those domestic details about Michael cooking and Ben being denied his morning kiss in his next bore fest of a book. This shit could be sold as a tranquilizer at the drug store.

“Well honey all of this is thrilling but can we skip the Gay as Blazes part and get on with All My Children starring Captain Asshole?”

Normally Ted would have told Emmet to be nicer to Ben but no, not today. He had had enough of the Novotny drama and wasn’t up for a new episode of Michael fucking Stewart, not even for dumped Benny’s sake.

“So after he finished cooking, he told me that this was his way of thanking me for being a good husband and that he wanted us to still be friends. I felt like I had missed part of the conversation. He went on saying that now that Brian was single again but willing to settle down, it was their time to be together. He asked me to pack his things as he really needed to go see Brian and to send his bags to the loft. He even said that Brian would pay for the moving truck. And just like that he was out the door. I waited for him to come back and deliver the punchline but he’s been gone for hours now and I haven’t heard anything from him.”

The punchline? Why would a man think that his fucking husband telling him he was leaving him and moving in with the man he’s been obsessed with since he was fourteen was a fucking joke. Even if it were a joke, it wasn’t a funny one.

“Well Ben, I have some news for you. Your asshole husband wasn’t joking. He went to the loft and tried moving in even though Brian isn’t there and changed the locks before he left town. We left him at his mother’s where he’s probably engaged in a pissing match with Lindsay over who knows Brian best.”

“Why would Brian change the locks and not give Michael a new key? Michael is his best friend and really Brian should be ashamed of himself, leaving town without telling Michael!”

“Are you fucking kidding me?”, Emmett screeched in his whole queening glory. “Fucking Michael throws you of his life like yesterday’s trash and you have the guts to think Brian is being unfair to fucking Michael! Well honey, news flash! The little asshole is not Brian’s best friend. Brian keeps him around out of loyalty to Deb and pity. I came here to comfort you but now I feel like you deserve everything Michael is putting you through. What the fuck is wrong with you blaming Brian for little Mikey’s thirst for a dick that will never fuck him.”

“Brian has been leading Michael on for years Em! You know it, I know it and Ted here knows it!”

“Leading Michael on my ass! Your husband is a little lying shit and you’re a coward for never noticing that Brian did everything to get Michael off his back short of renting him a dick to mount! I am very disappointed in you honey. Pack your asshole’s husband shit up and send them to Deb. I wouldn’t hire a moving truck if I were you. Brian is not going to pay for it. He’s in California with Gussie enjoying the good weather, the sun and life while you’re here pathetically blaming him for Michael’s delusions and your gullibility. You’re a good looking smart man Ben and you went for Michael of all people. That’s your problem. When you leave the land of Novotny delusions and realize you’ve been fooled by Michael, you know where to find us. Come on Teddy, I need to go back to the real where Brian isn’t God and Lucifer all rolled in one.”

 

End Notes:

Next chapter will have Gus, Brian and JuSSin!

Chapter 8 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

sorry for the short chapters but if i were the reader, i'd prefer getting short chapters than waiting a long time for a long chapter!

Always happy to read your comments!

By Friday Brian was convinced that whatever shitstorm had hit the Munchers it needed to be addressed fucking last year!  Over the last four days, Gus had asked to call momma the second he finished his breakfast and after his night bath. On the first two days he even asked to speak to his momma during lunch. Brian and Justin had indulged him every time. It wasn’t lost on either of the two men that Gus never asked to speak to mommy and blatantly refused to do so whenever Mel asked him if he wanted to. Last night he’d asked Mel to put the phone on Jenny’s ear so he could tell her he missed and remind her of his voice. Needless to say it caused Justin’s allergies to act up.

“Daddy, it’s time to call momma!”

“Do you want me to call mommy today instead?”

“I don’t want to talk to mommy, I want to talk to momma.”

Brian took his phone out and dialed Melanie who picked up mid first ring. Momma seemed to be as anxious to speak to her Gussie as Gussie was to speak to his momma.

“Hello Mel! How are you today? How’s Jenny?”

Brian internally cringed at the small talk with Mel but he couldn’t find it in him to be bitchy to the bulldyke.

“We’re good! How are you guys? Are you enjoying your break? How’s my little boy doing? Is he enjoying himself?”

“We’re good and enjoying every second of it! Your little boy is doing great and is about to snatch the phone out of my hand.”

Brian asked Gus to sit on the couch, gave him the phone and a kiss on the top of his. He got up and made a big production of clearing the breakfast table but was completely focused on his Sonny boy.

“Hello momma! How are you? I miss you and Jenny a lot! […] I love you too! […] Yes I am being a good boy! […] Yesterday we watched a movie in bed. It was Aladdin. Momma there’s a man who lives in a tea-pot! Sometimes he’s blue.  And the princess is very beautiful but you’re more beautiful! […] Yes I loved it and daddy said he will buy it for me. […] Today the man who brings the food heard me talking about Aladdin and he asked me if I want to go to Disney. I told him we’ll go when Jenny gets bigger. I don’t want to go without her momma, she will be sad. Can we come again and go to Disney? […] Yes momma I am sure I don’t want to go without Jenny. […] Today we’re doing shopping! We’re going to buy toys and gifts. […] Daddy said I can get anything I want but I told him it’s not all for me. It’s for you and Jenny too. […] But mommy always buys things for herself. […] Yes momma but only one thing for mommy. […] Goody! Don’t forget to give a lot of kisses and hugs to Jenny for me. […] And tell her I miss her. […] I love you too momma. A lot a lot a lot! […] Bye momma, I will call you tonight!”

“Daddy, momma wants to talk with you.”

Brian came over and took the phone and sent Gus to the bathroom. Justin followed Gus to supervise the cleaning up and dressing up. Out of habit Brian braced himself to the biting tones of Mel.

“Hey Mel.”

“Listen Brian, if you planned to take him to Disney, I’ll call him in a bit and tell him that he will be able to be Jenny’s tour guide if he’d already been there. I’ll convince him it won’t make her if he went without her.”

Who the fuck was this woman? But then again, Mel had always loved Gus. Even if this talk had happened two years ago, she would have made sure that Gus wasn’t missing on anything. Brian remembered when Mel first got pregnant. He was afraid she would forget about his Sonny boy and solely focus on her biological child. Mel had proven him wrong and proven to be the better parent.

“Actually going to Disney never crossed my mind. We were always going to be shopping today. Anyway, I’m sure he’d be happier to go to Disney with Jenny.”

“Okay then. Take care of my boy Brian.”

“I am taking care of him Mel. Don’t worry.”

“I know you are but I’m mom, I worry! Fuck me! I’m turning into my mom. Anyway, give Gussie some kisses from his momma, tell him Lindsay sends her love I don’t want him thinking she’s not thinking about him, and enjoy the rest of your trip. All three of you.”

Brian Kinney wasn’t a man easily silenced but fuck him she’d had him there.

“I’m a lawyer and Ted is a very bad liar when I cross examine him. Don’t kill him, he didn’t say anything but I enjoyed seeing him squirm. Your secret is safe with me.”

“Okay thanks Mel! I’ll speak to you tonight.”

Somehow he didn’t care that she knew about Justin being with him. The whole family was going to know on Sunday that they tied the knot. What he cared about was that fucking Lindsay was apparently always buying herself new shit while complaining about money! What he also cared about was that fucking Lindsay hadn’t called her son in four days and apparently didn’t bother asking Melanie about him.

End Notes:

Next chapter: the shopping trip highlights

Chapter 9 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

This chapter is dedicated to all of you guys who left comments!

Brian and Justin were quick to notice that for every toy Gus picked for himself, he picked one or two for Jenny. Gus’ rationale was that since Michael was a dickhead loser – Justin’s words not his – who never spent a dime on the daughter he so wanted to share custody of, Gus, as her older brother, had to make sure she gets lots of toys and beautiful dresses. The idea of spending God knows how long picking little pink dresses almost had Brian running for the hills. But seeing how happy Gus was and how proud he was telling the store clerks that daddy was going to buy lots of toys for him and Jenny was worth the upcoming torture in the ruffles dungeon.

Brian had no idea how many toys they bought. Sunshine had appointed himself as the appropriateness police – and seriously what the fuck was an inappropriate toy – so Brian had simply handed over his AmEx card with a smile.

At the clothing store, Gus told his daddy and Jussin that they were buying all the beautiful dresses in Jenny’s size. And he meant it quite literally. He also decided that him and Jenny needed matching pajamas. For some unknown reason, Gus was convinced he knew not only what baby Jenny would look cute in but also that he was the only one who knew what his sister would like and wouldn’t like. The more pinky ruffled stuff he picked, the more Brian feared butch Melanie would have an aneurysm. While Gus was the only was choosing the items, a non-negotiable rule per Gus’s edict, Jussin was checking the sizes and making sure some of the dresses and PJ would still fit Jenny in a couple of months.

Once the clothes shopping for all of Pittsburg babies and toddlers was over, Brian hauled his husband and kid to a jewelry store one of Kinnetik’s clients owned.  Brian wanted to get Melanie an expensive pair of diamond earrings and he was sure that Sunshine would love to get Mother Taylor and Debbie something.

Brian chose the most expensive pair Melanie would wear and called his Sonny boy to ask him what he thought.

“Sonny boy, do you think these are beautiful earrings?”

“Yes daddy. They sparkle. Can we get them for momma?”

“Yes we can”

While Brian was asking the manager to wrap the earrings, Gus turned to his Jussin.

“Jussin, do you want to get sparkling things for Mrs. Jennifer?”

Justin crouched in front of Gus and took the little boy’s hands in his.

“Gussie why are you calling grandma Jen Mrs. Jennifer?”

“Mommy said that I should call her Mrs. Jennifer because she’s not old and she will be sad if I call her grandma. I don’t want Mrs. Jennifer to be sad because of me. I love her because she’s your momma. Mommy said she will think I think she looks like grandma Debbie. And yes, Mrs. Jennifer doesn’t look like the grandmas in the movies. She’s young and blond and pretty.”

Just to fuck with Justin’s bond with Gus, Lindsay had filled her son’s head with some stupid shit about women’s looks, had insulted Debbie, and had her son feel bad about calling Jen grandma.  It really took a special talent to fuck up that much.

Brian was trying very hard to keep his temper in check and Sunshine’s cloudy disposition wasn’t helpful.

“What did momma say?”

“I didn’t tell momma. Momma really likes Mrs. Jennifer. I don’t want her to know I made Mrs. Jennifer sad.”

“Listen Gussie, grandma Jen will be sad if you call her Mrs. Jennifer. She loves you very much and loves it when you call her grandma.”

“Are you sure and double sure Jussin?”

“Of course I am Gussie. Grandma Jen is my mother and I know her best. Her and Molly both love you very much.”

“I love them too Jussin. I am so happy I can call your momma grandma again. If mommy says I still have to call grandma Mrs. Jennifer, I will tell momma. Momma always defends me when mommy makes silly rules or is being mean to me.”

As a rule, kids hate rules and were not shy of expressing their dislike. And happy outspoken Gus wasn’t going to be the exception. But not all kids referred to their mommy being mean to them as a normal everyday occurrence. And while Brian and Justin were thankful for Mel defending Gus they both were wondering why she hadn’t wrung her bitch of wife’s neck yet.

“Daddy can we buy momma a new watch? She only has one. Mommy has a lot and she doesn’t share.”

“Of course Sonny boy.”

Of course she has a lot. Support money helps paying for a lot of shit for mommy of the century!

After long deliberations, Gus was still torn between two pieces so Brian decided to purchase both. They picked gifts for Mother Taylor, Debbie, Ted and Cynthia and when the beast make itself felt, headed for lunch.  

Gus was undoubtedly Brian’s spitting image but around food he turned into Justin’s double. When daddy was around, Gus deferred to him in everything but food. But daddy’s sandwiches were always dry and he ate a lot of vegetables. Jussin always ate good things with a lot of food and sauce and fries. So when asked what he wants to eat, Gus’ answer was always like Jussin. Justin loved sharing his love of fatty food with Gussie and loved nagging Brian about it even more.

“Daddy, what is vain?”, Gus asked between bites.

“Why do you ask?”

“Mommy said that you don’t eat a lot because you are vain. Oh! I remember now! Daddy, are you rich?”

“Why? What did mommy say?”

Yeah, Brian had gotten a gist of things.

“Mommy told uncle Michael that you are lucky you are rich so you can feed Jussin. Uncle Michael said that Jussin is a twink and a trick. Then momma came home from work and she started shouting because Jenny had a stinkie and because mommy told her that I had lunch in my room. I wanted to ask momma about the words but she was very cross and she only wanted to cuddle with me and Jenny and watch cartoons. A trick is like when you have to put the booster seat in the car and attach it right daddy? And what is a twink?”

Well Sonny boy, a twink is a big pair of scissors daddy is going to use to cut mommy and uncle Michael’s tongues.

“Listen Sonny boy, are you listening?”

“Yes daddy.”

“You are still too young to know what it means. All you need to know is that uncle Michael doesn’t know what he’s talking about and you should never believe anything he says about Jussin. Jussin loves you very much. This is the most important thing.”

“I know daddy! And I love Jussin very much. He’s like my other daddy. Daddy, Jussin is my other daddy now right?”

End Notes:

Next chapter: family dinner 

Chapter 10 by loriblair

 

Brian and Gus walked in Debbie’s living room at six fifteen. The whole family was already there. Deb had requested Ben’s presence and the good professor, who was now sitting in Vic’s chair, had managed to avoid his mother-in-law’s grilling. Emmett was on the war path when it came to Ben’s obsession with Brian screwing up his marriage and Michael’s life. He could understand Ben’s willful blindness to all of Michael’s screw ups and flaws but he had no patience for the “Brian is leading Michael on” song. You can lead someone on for a year or two, not for 17 fucking years! Yeah Brian would kiss Michael on the mouth every now and then but it meant nothing! Some people offer pity fucks, Brian gives pity kisses. Anyway, Emmett was sitting as far away as he could from Ben and giving his whole attention to Jenny. Now Jenny was another bone of contention he had with Michael. The little asshole’s lack of acknowledgement of his daughter spoke volume about the man’s values and maturity or lack thereof!  

“Momma!”

Gus’ excited scream got everyone’s attention and as the little boy ran to his momma who had her arms open, mommy and daddy of the year leapt on their feet and got in Brian’s face.

“Where have you been Briaaaaaaaan? I’ve been trying to get ahold of you for a week. Your bitches at Kinnetik wouldn’t tell me where you were or your hotel name and fucking Ted told me it’s none of my business. Why did you change the locks? I need a key. I’m moving in with you. Ben and I are over.”

“Brian I can’t believe you haven’t told me that you’re investing in real estate! I would love to help you in this new endeavor. You know how I’ve always had an eye for beautiful things. It really hurt me that you never said a word. I am the mother of your child and I should be kept in the loop. This would affect Gus’ future.”

“Michael, thank you for clarifying that I apparently own a whorehouse and not an advertising agency. Lindsay, unless Sonny boy is also investing in real estate and I’m poaching on his turf, I don’t see why you need to defend his rights.”

Brian finished his little welcoming slap down giving each of his gob smacked fishwives a bright smile and moved away. He took Jenny out of booster seat and sat next to Ted and pointedly gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Ted, Emmett, Carl, it’s nice to see you. Melanie I would say it’s nice to see you too but I don’t think you’re aware of anyone who isn’t Sonny boy. Ma, your lost boy has graced your house with his presence!”

Deb bustled to the living room to give Brian an embarrassing bone crushing hug but he was on the other side of the room and had Jenny on his lap.

“Kiddo you look fucking stunning. That fucking California weather suits you! You look ten years younger and I’m sure you’d fuck yourself at this point!” She cackled at her own child and toddler friendly joke! “Listen to me now!” He cringed as the finger made its appearance! “You’d better tell the little shit he’s not moving in with you!”

“Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it’s none of your business!”

“Don’t open a mouth to me you little asshole!”

“Don’t worry ma, he’s definitely not moving in with me!”

“Good. Keep your mouth shut Michael I can hear your whine from the kitchen. Dinner isn’t going to cook it fucking self!”

Ladies and gentlemen, you might want to give Carl a gift and an award! The man is truly a miracle worker.

Meanwhile, Gus and his momma were still hugging, kissing and telling each other how much they loved each other. After squeezing Mel one more time, Gus decided it was time to say hello to Jenny. He loved Jenny a lot, but momma was his favorite person in the world. Just like Daddy!

“Momma, I want to cuddle Jenny!”

When Gus saw daddy holding Jenny he started screeching happily! Contrary to his poker faced daddy and “prim and proper” mommy, the little boy wore his emotions on his sleeve.

“Come here Sonny boy.”

Ted moved over a seat and Gus happily sat next to his daddy. Brian carefully put Jenny in her excited brother’s arms and it was time for the second love fest of the night. Gus peppered his giggling baby sister’s face with kisses and told her about all the toys daddy bought. The little girl was definitely not understanding a word, but fuck me Brian thought, she really seemed focused on what her brother was telling her, intently looking at him and giggling at all the right moments.

“Well lambskin, you don’t seem eager to come hug your mommy. I guess you didn’t miss me as much as you missed momma and Jenny.”

“Your mother is right Gus, you should come and kiss her!”

Brian cuddled his Sonny boy to his side but stayed silent even though he was dying to say something. He wanted to see how Mel would react to her bitchy wife and father of the year’s parental attempt.

“But…”

“Michael! How many times do I have to tell you that you’re not supposed to address my son unless I give you permission? You don’t get to give my boy orders! He’s not your son and I don’t appreciate at all your attempts at playing doting uncle! Linds let him enjoy a moment with his sister! It’s not like he’s been here for an hour or is ignoring you on purpose!”

Mel didn’t disappoint Brian who was actually enjoying her inner ball breaking bitchiness directed to someone else. He even had to admit that she was never this angry at him. Well, her speech could use a couple fuck bombs but she was probably avoiding the word around the kids.

“Mel, I don’t think you’re being fair to Michael. He’s been a fatherly figure in Gus’ life since he was born.”

Ted was on his feet dragging Emmet outside in a flash. People tend to see Emmett as a flamboyant queen forgetting that this queen had flamboyantly survived in the Bible belt. Tonight was not the right moment to remind the professor of this tiny detail.

Mel looked over at Gus. He was now softly singing to his sleepy sister and not aware of the bitch fest.

“Ben, my son has a father thank you very much. He doesn’t need a fatherly figure, not that anyone would consider your wayward husband a fatherly figure.”

“Then why did you pick him to be your daughter’s father?”

Point.

“I won’t be the first woman to have a one-night-stand with an idiot. I’d rather keep it at this and trust me, you don’t want to push me on this issue.”

Ouch!

Jenny was now fast asleep. Mel took her off Gus, gave him a kiss on his head and took her upstairs. Instead of putting her in the bedroom Michael was using again, she made a point of putting her in Deb’s. She turned the baby monitor on and went back down. Gus was now on daddy’s lap and the whole family was silently fixing the living room’s entrance where Justin, Ted and Emmet were standing encumbered with shopping bags.

 

End Notes:

So, what d'you think?

Clusterfuck coming up!

Chapter 11 by loriblair
Author's Notes:

shortie by goldie lol!

 

“Sunshine!”

You don’t need me telling you that Sunshine found himself in a bone crushing Debbie hug. When he tapped on her back to let her know that he was two seconds away of asphyxiation, she released him and started checking him up.

“What the fuck are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in New York? Well after not having you around for a week, fuck New York and fuck Andy Warhol! Did you call your mother?”

“Pardon me Debbie, but you don’t know what you’re talking about!  Your skills aren’t really in the arts domain one might say. I’ll be surprised if you knew the difference between Andy Warhol and Andy Griffin.”

Lindsay was apparently begging for a real slap. Had she been one of boys, she would be holding her bruised cheek now.

“Well fucking excuse me if I don’t know enough about fucking dead painters miss Mona Lisa!”

“Euh Lindz, it’s actually Griffith”, Justin piped in with a smile.

“What?”

“It’s Andy Griffith not Griffin! Unless you’re talking about some mentor of yours us common mortals haven’t heard of. Excuse me.”

Justin slipped by an infuriated Lindsay and a still indignant looking Deb.

“So what are you doing here boy wonder?”

Deb couldn’t slap Lindsay but she definitely could slap her idiotic son. So she did.

“Ouch maaa, that hurt!”

“Good!”

Justin sat next to Brian and gave a giggling Gus a kiss. Gus loved it when grandma Debbie hit uncle Michael. He deserved it for being mean and pouty. Momma had explained to Gussie that he shouldn’t pout but explain why he was cross and listen carefully to what the adults tell him. He was allowed to still be crossed deep down and then tell momma about it, but he shouldn’t pout. Uncle Michael was an adult, he should have learned not to pout a long time ago. Momma also said that Gussie was cute when he pouted. Uncle Michael looked like a dead fish. Gus was thankful Jenny didn’t look like her daddy. His sister was going to be a beautiful girl not a mean pouty one.

“Sonny boy I need you to clap your hands and say that you have good news to tell the family.”

Gus clapped his hands and stood on Daddy’s lap.

“Daddy says I have to tell you the good news!”

“What good news lambskin?”

Melanie shot her wife a quick evil glance. Lindsay was irritating her lately every time she spoke.

“Daddy and Jussin got married in California. Now Jussin is my other daddy. Daddy said Jussin is my papa.”

Debbie charged ahead, pushing Michael who had just stood up to whiningly object to the news back into his seat, and enveloped a still seating Brian and Justin in a huge hug. Gus who was still standing on daddy’s lap got caught in the hug too.

“Congratulations kiddo! I am so happy for both of you. Fuck New York if I may say so! Did you tell your mother?”

Now that innocent little question was one hell of a tricky one.

“We actually had lunch with my mother and our lawyer. Joshua was nice enough to bring all the financial and business documents we needed to sign. Debs, mom wanted to call you. I had to wrestle the phone out of her hand and Brian made her promise she would let us tell you.”

“You could have come earlier to tell me. And listen here you little asshole.”

Brian jokingly hid behind Gus from the flying finger.

“You are going to have a party. I want to celebrate you getting fucking married. Now you can be a good boy and throw a sleek black and white party or I can throw a fucking rainbow party which you will fucking attend.”

“Yes ma. Emmett will be planning it for us. Sunshine here will get the party he wants.”

Now that Debbie had made sure a party was going to be held she took a seat and let the other members of the family congratulate the happy couple. Carl, Ted, Emmett and Mel kissed their friends and wished them a happy marriage. Mel tickled Gussie jokingly asking him when he started keeping secrets from his momma. Gus squirmed to get away from the tickle monster and gave his momma a big kiss. Ben offered his best wishes from the couch. It goes without saying that neither Lindsay nor Michael were good at remembering their good manners when confronted to news they didn’t approve of.

“We got everybody gifts! Momma we bought a lot of toys and matching pajamas for me and Jenny but daddy said it’s better to send them directly to our house. Uncle Ted gave daddy the key and all the gifts are now waiting for us. Oh and we got Jenny a lot of pink dresses with ruffles. Just like the princesses. I picked them. She's going to look like a baby princess.” 

If Melanie had a problem with the pink dresses she hid it well. Yeah, the pink dresses were already giving her nightmares but she wasn’t about to ruin Gussie’s excitement.

“Brian, Justin thank you!”

“Daddy can we give them the gifts now?”

 

End Notes:

next chapter: lindsay's gift

Chapter 12 by loriblair

Brian picked one of the bags from the jeweler’s and gave it to Gus.

“This one is for grandma.”

Deb dissolved in tears when she opened the box. They had gotten her a watch that must have cost a fortune.

“Where the fuck am I going to wear this kiddo? Only you would go around buying expensive gifts on your fucking honeymoon instead of expecting them! This little asshole never fucking buys me anything, not even a bracelet from the dollar store.”

She eventually calmed down only to break down again when Gus gave grandpa Carl a big bag from Gucci. Carl double checked the logo on the bag peering inside and taking out a leather jacket. He tried it on and it fit him perfectly. He gave a smiling Gus a big hug and profusely thanked an embarrassed Brian and sunshiny Justin.

Ted got two pairs of cufflinks and a tie pin while Emmett got the latest MacBook with the most flamboyant cover the world had ever seen and a new watch.

Michael and Lindsay were vibrating with anticipation. If people Brian merely tolerated were get such expensive gifts, God knew what they, Brian’s best friend in the whole wide world and Brian’s only son’s biological mother, were getting.

“Sonny boy this is for uncle Ben.”

Ben wasn’t expecting a gift. He wasn’t Brian’s favorite person and now that he’d shared some of his opinions with the Emmett Breaking News he expected Brian to… well he didn’t know what to expect but it definitely wasn’t a gift.

He got a cashmere sweater.

“Thank you guys but really you shouldn’t have.”

“Well Benny boy, believe it or not, I think you’re right. I actually told Sunshine that us getting hitched was the biggest gift we could ever give you but Mother Taylor’s son that he is, he insisted on getting you something more tangible.”

Emmett guffawed at Ben’s utterly astonished expression. Mel controlled her facial expression for Gussie’s sake but thought fuck me! Brian just told Ben that now that he was married, Ben should be able to keep his husband’s attention. Hey, I know you were the contingency plan, but I’m officially no longer an option, not that I ever was, so now you’re plan O. O as in fucking only.

“Now uncle Michael daddy.”

Brian gave Gus a bag with an unknown logo.

Michael almost snatched the bag from Gus’ little hands, which earned him a snarl from Mel, and emptied it on his bag like an overexcited kid on Christmas morning. But all his excitement came to a sharp end when three quasi similar batman t-shirts fell on his lap.

“Papa wanted to buy you the t-shirt with Robin but daddy said there is only one boy wonder and that is papa. Then papa said you don’t look like Batman but daddy said that you probably think your store is the batcave. I don’t know what it means but I think it’s nice. Daddy always says nice things. Right momma?”

“Of course Gussie.”

Michael was about to have the aneurysm Melanie didn’t have. Fucking Ted got cufflinks and a tie pin from fucking Peter Marco, not that little Mikey actually knew what Peter Marco was, and he got some ratty t-shirts and a story about how Brian and Justin were laughing at him.

Ben was about to stand up for his estranged husband but one look from Deb pinned him down. She had cornered poor Ted at the diner on Tuesday and got the whole story out of him and she wasn’t happy with either one of the two assholes.

“Thank you Brian. Now that I don’t have a place to live, I will put them in the store.”

Deb wasn’t having any of this shit.

“Good for you. You can show them off to your clients.”

Lindsay was feeling antsy. Brian hadn’t been happy with her lately and if all that Michael got were some ratty t-shirts, what the hell could he have gotten her?

“Now Sonny boy, mommy or momma?”

“Mommy now and momma at the end.”

“Okay. Linds could you please come and take the box. It’s too heavy for Sonny boy.”

Lindsay almost tripped over her own feet in her excitement to get up and get the box. It was actually rather heavy and she shot Michael a winning smirk. Son’s biological mother trumps best friend from hell every fucking time!

Lindsay sat back down and made a huge production of saving the ribbon, opening the box, then taking out the wrapped gift, and carefully unwrap it. It was a medium sized vanity mirror.

“Do you like it mommy?”

“It’s very nice Lambskin. Thank you Brian!”

“I chose it mommy! I told daddy and papa how much you love mirrors.”

“Really Lambskin? Why?”

“Yes mommy. Remember when I told you we were late for school and you were looking at the mirror? You said that you liked to look at the mirror to always be sure you look perfect. I asked you why, you said I won’t understand because I’m momma’s little boy and you laughed. So now you have a new mirror to look at.”

End Notes:

next chapter: mel's gifts

Chapter 13 by loriblair

Fucking little boy! Couldn't keep his mouth shut even if his mommy's comfort, and judging by how mostly everybody was glaring at mommy, mommy's life.


"Why are you all glaring at me!? He's always glued to Mel. Kids identify with the parent of the same sex that's normal. And Mel doesn't care about makeup so he was surprised by how much it takes me to get ready."


"What the fuck Lindsay!" Debs screeched. Carl was a miracle maker but no miracle was going to keep Debs calm after that.


Shit, now Deb was on her case! Mommy started fearing for her eardrums and peace of mind.


"I raised the little asshole and even I know what you're doing is fucking wrong?"


"Why is it wrong grandma? I love being with momma and I am momma's little boy", Gus announced proudly.


Brian decided to intervene before Debs saw it fit to gouge out Lindsay's eyes in front of Gus.


"Well Ma as much as I would love to sing a duet with you right now, I'd rather not do it in front of impressionable kids. Here Sonny boy, give this to momma."


The bag was fairly big but not heavy at all. Mel shook her head as if to get rid of all ideas of justifiable murder and took the bag with a big smile. Once she took the gift out, a new leather Prada briefcase, she gathered Gus in a hug and gave him a big kiss.


"Oh my God thank you Gussie! It's very beautiful. I love it! Brian, Justin, thank you, both of you. You shouldn't have."


Both Brian and Justin gave Mel a genuine smile.


"Do you really love it momma?"


"Of course I do Gussie! I would love anything you get me. And this briefcase is very chic and beautiful."


 


Gus gave momma a proud smile and got off her lap.


"Goody because there is more."


Mel glanced inquiringly at the newly married couple. Justin was busy retrieving the bags and giving them to Gus. Brian just shrugged.


"The kid loves you Mel. What could we do?"


"What kid loves momma?" Yeah little Gussie wasn't happy with the idea of some kid loving his momma.


“You Sonny boy."


"Of course I love momma. Like mommy said, I'm momma's little boy."


Lindsay was literally seething. A fucking Prada briefcase! What for? It wasn't like the low class lesbians Mel was so keen on defending in family court would know the difference between a trash bag and a Prada bag. Brian should have gotten her a Prada bag when she started working at the gallery. She would have known how to wear it and showed it off to people who actually mattered. And now she gets a fucking mirror! Brian could say all he wanted about Gus picking the gifts, she knew it was Justin getting even. Fucking boy had outsmarted her and it hurt.


Gus unloaded the big bag where Justin had emptied the smaller bags on momma’s lap and stood proudly next to her. Mel couldn’t believe her eyes. All the boxes were from a Rodeo Drive jewelry store.


“Come on momma! Open them!”


“Sweetie are you sure all of these are for me?”


“Of course momma! Do you want me to help you?” Gus asked excitedly. He knew what they were but hey, they were still gifts and deserved excitement.


Gus started opening the boxes.


“I wanted to buy you a watch because you only have one. The man showed me a lot of watches but I couldn’t decide at the end. So daddy said we can buy the two. “


Fuck! Each watch cost at least ten grand but listening to Gus you’d think they were buying dresses from the mall!


“And this is a pen because you’re always doing reading and writing. You can put something in it and it keeps working even if it’s over.”


“The word is rechargeable lambskin”, Lindsay felt the need to interject. She was on fucking edge and wanted to go home and scream in a towel. But dinner still needed to be had and Gus was leisurely telling his momma the back story of every fucking piece of jewelry they got her. How the fuck did they get Brian to shell thousands of dollars in gifts for Mel?


“Momma this one is the best.”


Diamond earrings. Fucking diamond earring.


“Look momma, they sparkle! Daddy promised that we can take Jenny to the store when grows up. So daddy said that you will love these. Momma, why are you crying?”


“These are happy tears baby.”


Melanie wanted to get up to properly thanks Brian and Justin for their gifts but Gus had other plans. Happy tears or not, he didn’t like seeing his momma crying so climbed on her lap to give her a super Gussie hug and cuddle with her.


“That must have cost you a fortune Brian.”


“What does it mean uncle Michael?”


“It means that it costs a lot of money.”


“Oh that’s okay uncle Michael. You know that daddy is rich. You and mommy said he’s rich and he can everything you two want.”


What the fuck was that kid’s problem? Was there anything he didn’t hear, memorize and was willing to repeat at the most inopportune of times!?


“Gus, it’s not wrong to say that someone is rich!”


Lindsay was one step away from ripping Michael’s throat out! Why the fuck was he engaging the kid?! Couldn’t he see that the kid was unpredictable and had no filter!?


“But you said that daddy has to pay for papa to eat because papa has a fat behind. You used the other word but I am not allowed to say. But when we eat at the diner, daddy always pay for you. I never saw you paying. Even if daddy isn’t with us. You leave without paying. Are you poor, uncle Michael? Is that why you never buy anything for Jenny?”


 


“How dare you talk to me like this you little fuck?”

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1548