Insatiable by confused_bliss
Summary:

Brian Kinney has bought his own hunting and pleasure playground... Babylon. However, he is not a normal man. He is a vampire. Justin Taylor will soon be pulled into his world, a young man that has survived his own dangerous past. What happens when hunter encounters a more addicting prey? 

STORY IS NOW COMPLETE.

 


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Brian Kinney, Emmett Honeycutt, Justin Taylor, Michael Novotny, Original Male Character
Tags: Anti-Michael, BDSM, Jealousy, Justin/Other, M/M, Minor Character Death, Out of Character, Raw Sex
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Drama
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes Word count: 49673 Read: 50722 Published: May 25, 2020 Updated: Jul 09, 2021
Story Notes:

A/N: This is another vampire story. Brian's backstory will be discussed as this story moves along. I will say, he has recently moved to Pittsburgh, the timeline of a few months, and he has purchased Babylon. Justin is in a relationship with another man. How serious? We'll see as this progresses, and explain how that relationship came about. (Bear with me on that part. Anyone who is familiar with my writing knows that I am all about exploring the relationship between Brian and Justin. It will evolve to simply that.) The bashing did happen in this 'verse; however, it did not induce nerve damage, but psychological ones instead. You will understand how very quickly...

Thanks for reading. Please let me know what you think. As always, your feedback is incredibly motivating.

Banner: Thank you to the incredibly talented Marian... aka Marny1. Your skills always bring my words to life! I can't thank you enough!!

Disclaimer: I do NOT own the characters of Queer as Folk. They are the exclusive property of their creators. No infringement is intended. 


 

1. Premonitions (Prologue) by confused_bliss

2. Unheeded Advice by confused_bliss

3. Morning Anxiety by confused_bliss

4. The Helping Hand of Fate by confused_bliss

5. The Hunt Begins by confused_bliss

6. Plans Interrupted by confused_bliss

7. A Walk in the Moonlight by confused_bliss

8. Taking Care of Business by confused_bliss

9. Plans Set in Motion by confused_bliss

10. No More Stalker by confused_bliss

11. Unexpected Visitor by confused_bliss

12. Just One Taste by confused_bliss

13. An Unexpected Answer by confused_bliss

14. A Shocking Discovery by confused_bliss

15. Home Sweet Home? by confused_bliss

16. Human, or Something More? by confused_bliss

17. The Awakening Begins by confused_bliss

18. Consequences Be Damned by confused_bliss

19. A Night of Truth by confused_bliss

20. A Stunning Understanding by confused_bliss

21. A Fitting End by confused_bliss

Premonitions (Prologue) by confused_bliss
Author's Notes:

A/N: This is a mere prologue, so the initial chapter is very short. We meet Justin here. The next chapter will showcase Brian. I hope you enjoy it. :) 

 

 

Justin Taylor slid his arms around his boyfriend's waist, anchoring him closer to him, his body convulsing in helpless shudders, a feeling of dread overwhelming him. "Seth, please don't go out tonight. I have a really bad feeling."

 

Pulling back to disengage his boyfriend's tight hold, and with a surprising degree of difficulty, his voice was slightly admonishing when he declared, "No, Justin. Not a feeling. It's never just that with you." Shaking his head, Seth walked away, checking himself in the mirror, slightly wincing when he turned to see the hurt in Justin's eyes. "Baby, don't be mad at me. You know I don't buy into this premonition bullshit. I am a registered nurse and a damn good one. I believe in cold, hard facts - not the supernatural."

 

"I never believed in it either; or, at least, I don't think I did." Justin shook his head, scrunching up his nose as confusion overwhelmed him. "You know that I remember very little before that night. Most of which I remember are fragments, and what my family and friends told me."

 

"Family..." Seth sneered. "Your father tossed you out right after your discharge from the hospital. He didn't even give you a chance to get settled... and your mother, well, she did very little to intercede on your behalf." At the pained look in Justin's eyes, Seth moved closer, placing his hands on each side of his boyfriend's face. "I'm not saying that to hurt you, Justin. But you need to face the facts. If not for me, you would be on the streets, fending for yourself. In the shape you were in... that would only have had one outcome..."

 

Justin looked at his boyfriend incredulously. "My mother was afraid of him. She wasn't independent at the time, and he was verbally abusive, in addition to being an alcoholic. She had my sister to think about. And whether you believe it or not, I am not that weak. I can take care of myself!" Sighing in resignation, Justin walked away; he went to sit down on the sofa, his hand reaching for the television remote. "I know you won't heed my advice, but something is going to happen tonight. Not only do I feel it... I have seen it."

 

"What exactly have you seen?" Seth forced himself to keep the mockery from his voice. Despite the fact that he didn't believe in Justin's so-called premonitions, he knew that Justin did. He had already upset him enough tonight. The last thing he wanted was for his boyfriend to worry about him all evening.

 

The pallor on Justin's face was immediate. "Red eyes hunting you, Seth. And then, cornering and capturing you. The eyes of a monster."

 

"That's ridiculous, Justin. Red eyes? What about a face? A body? That just doesn't make any sense."

 

Shrugging his shoulders, Justin couldn't totally disagree, but he knew what he had seen. Sadly, he had only seen the eyes. "Take my advice and avoid any dark alleys. If you do that, you just might survive tonight."

 

Seth's eyes widened, a tremor at once coursing down his spine, but not enough to change his plans. He often took a shortcut down a couple of alleys. They were usually empty. How had Justin known that? "I'll be careful, Justin. I always am. After all, I have you. Why would I want to risk that?"

 

"Why indeed..." Justin agreed, offering his lips for a kiss when Seth approached, for once, hoping his premonitions were misguided. When Seth locked and closed the door behind him, Justin closed his eyes as he recalled those eyes again. At once, he shivered.

 

He had never seen red, glowing eyes. Quite simply, they were beautiful... and terrifying.

 

TBC

 

Unheeded Advice by confused_bliss

 

A cold smile twisting his lips, Brian Kinney stalked his prey, moving at a much slower pace than was normal when he was hunting his next meal. In actuality, there was no reason to rush. He was immortal; therefore, no human could outrun him. Nor could they hide from him once he had captured their scent. His fangs remained retracted as he slightly increased his pace. There was no need to reveal himself to strangers, or even this man that began to pick up his steps; the end of tonight's hunt would be soon. Brian almost laughed when the man darted down a dark alley, an abandoned area that saw very little activity. Fools. Didn't these mindless humans ever watch the films they created? Nothing good ever came from a dash down a dark alley... whether inhabited or not. When would they ever learn?

 

He had been a vampire for nearly seventy-five years now. His skills were practiced and refined. He only killed when circumstances necessitated it. As he had progressed in his specific craft, the killing occurrences had lessened; however, it was something he could do with ease and discretion. Brian whistled as he quickened his steps, the sound an echo in the alley that would otherwise only produce the sounds of each of their hurried footsteps. He was closing in now. The smell of the man's fear was redolent in the air. He could almost taste the life-giving essence now. Soon, he would be.

 

Suddenly, the man stopped and turned to see who appeared to be approaching him, his smaller legs shaking as the beautiful man with the glowing red eyes now closed in on him. Terror gripped the man as he was consumed by the red orbs, unable to look away as the monster's supreme power overwhelmed his weaker will. "P-please... don't kill me."

 

Tilting his head to the side, Brian repeated, ‘Kill you?" With very little effort, Brian pushed the man forward until his back was against a brick building, his hand reaching up to clasp around the other man's throat. "As long as you give me what I need without causing me any difficulties, you will walk away reasonably unscathed." Brian laughed as the man's eyes widened further in fear, uncaring of his terror, his only concern now that of feeding his hunger and going about his evening.

 

Almost instantly, the man made the mistake of reacting how so many others tried to escape; a last attempt at resistance, when all hope of success had been extinguished. This nameless offering didn't realize that... but soon he would. As soon as the man opened his mouth, a scream poised at the back of his throat, Brian tightened his grasp around the man's neck, not tight enough to crush the fragile bones he held, but enough that he was cutting off the vital airways. His glowing and feral eyes became angry now, it was always the case when his meal delayed the feeding of his hunger. When the man's face began to change colors, Brian relaxed his grip. He couldn't have the man die on him; at least, not before he was fed. "Quiet, or I will break you in half..." the beast in him raged, his tone both impatient and contemptuous.

 

Once the man stilled, Brian turned his prey's head to the side, with his night vision able to see the pulse that was beating wildly in the man's neck. He licked his lips, his fangs now extracting. It was time to feast, for some reason, his hunger being of ravenous intensity tonight. He wasn't sure this man would be enough. The man was rather petite, although, a man he would normally pick to service him in other ways... but not tonight. His survival was all that mattered for now. He needed to feed. Sometimes he became lost in the pleasures of the flesh that he pushed his more elemental hunger aside. Brian knew he really shouldn't be doing that. Waiting too long, the need for blood became overpowering. It led to mistakes being made. That was something he prided himself on not doing.

 

Hungrily, Brian slid his fangs into the man's neck, growling when the blood hit his throat, his hand remaining on the other man's throat to hold him in place; however, once this connection was forged, that force was never required. Now, the man was under his power. He wouldn't attempt to escape or even call out. The man was his until he released him. Brian greedily drank the life-sustaining blood, his eyes closing as he fed in a devouring intensity. Drinking for as long as he knew it was safe to do, Brian used his saliva to close the wound, healing it to where the evidence was no longer visible.

 

Stepping back, Brian commanded the man to look at him. They weren't finished quite yet. "Look into my eyes."

 

Silently, the man obeyed, his eyes wide open, unblinking, and pulled into the hypnotic trance the vampire flawlessly invoked. When the predator remained silent, the man blinked, one small part of his mind resisting, knowing he had places to be... a home to return to. "P-please, let me go. I-I won't tell anyone." He laughed nervously. "No one would believe me---"

 

"Of course they wouldn't. My kind is not only feared but a myth in the eyes of humans. They can't cope with the realities of the supernatural world." Brian frowned, as his eyes stared intently into the other man's, for some reason feeling the need to utilize one of his most special skills - seeing what was in the other man's mind. It was almost like an old silent film. He could see the images, but he couldn't hear what was being said. In the forefront was an old apartment building. It appeared to be Brownstone style, an old building that appeared to be drastically in the need of repairs, and with countless windows, from the ground to the top of the building.

 

"C-can I go?" the man asked, his head pounding from the strain he was exerting trying to pull his mind free.  

 

"Not quite yet..." Brian growled, his eyes holding the other man in place, silently willing him to keep his thoughts and visions open to him, for some reason, compelled to view them all. He focused on the vision of another man; one slightly taller than this man, but shorter than himself. He was asleep in bed. Brian frowned when he realized it seemed to be a bed that was accustomed to holding two men. The young man was blond, and from what he could see of him through this man's eyes, he was one of exceptional beauty. Instantly, he became hard. One appetite had been fed; now, another was manifesting. He wanted to taste him in every way he savored such rare finds. There wasn't any conquest that ever evaded his pursuit. This man wouldn't be any different.

 

"Who is he?" Brian demanded, his eyes glowing again, mentally absorbing all he could of the hot young blond, and the room that surrounded him. He wanted to know everything about him. In particular, he wanted any knowledge that would entice him. If the nameless blond was committed to tonight's victim, that was about to change soon.

 

In a monotone voice, fully in a spellbound state, the man asked, "Who is who?"

 

"The blond that is in your thoughts. Who is he?" Brian hissed, impatient for an answer, aware that he had this man in a transfixed and confused state, yet uncaring of that particular detail.

 

"That's Justin... my roommate."

 

Brian arched a brow, slightly backing away, allowing the man to pull free, deciding he might get better answers if the man was coherent. "Just your roommate?"

 

"Uh yeah, well --- kind of... w-why?" the man stammered, his eyes still helplessly fascinated by the man that held him powerless.

 

"No reason." Brian's tone was devoid of any inflection, his eyes boring into the other man's, commanding his attention as he erased their encounter from his memory. Silently, he replaced the man's fear with a feeling of tranquility, releasing him from the spell a moment later. Before the man could blink, following the stupor that had held him enthrall, Brian was gone. However, not far. He wasn't finished with this encounter quite yet. His hunger had been fed, but now he needed to find where the enticing Justin lived. Following this man home would answer his question without going another path that would lead to a longer encounter with this man.

 

Uncertain why he was so intrigued by the sleeping blond, he followed at a distance, this time not wanting to alarm the man to his presence. He had served his purpose, and now he was onto another one. He wondered what he would see when he looked into the blond's eyes. Would they be green? Or perhaps they would be the deepest blue. That was only one question he sought to answer; although, he knew he probably wouldn't have that answer tonight. Location was an excellent place to start. After that, the blond would be his to take.

 

TBC

 

Morning Anxiety by confused_bliss

 

Justin Taylor paced back and forth in the small apartment, his teeth anxiously biting into his bottom lip. Seth should be home soon; at least, he should be if he didn't stop along the way. His arrival was always difficult to predict. Some mornings he came straight home, and others, he was out for hours. Whenever he was going to stop for coffee or breakfast with his other co-workers, he always called to let him know. Seth hadn't called yet... so, he had to assume he'd be coming directly home.

 

He had awoken with a slight sigh of relief. The fact that he hadn't received a call during the night indicated that his premonition hadn't come true. Although his premonitions usually weren't time specific - it didn't have to be last night. All he knew was that his senses had told him it would be soon. A cold chill suddenly coursed down his spine. The more he thought about those penetrating and mesmerizing eyes, the more he became convinced that something had happened. The eyes were so cold... but through it all, he still remembered them as being beautiful. Who did those eyes belong to? And, was the man as dangerous as what his few glimpses of him had indicated? He might never find out, but he couldn't deny how curious he was about the rest of the man. How he wished he could have seen his face, but his premonition hadn't given him that.

 

So lost in his inner musings, Justin didn't hear the door being unlocked and opened, when he turned around and saw Seth walking inside, he nearly shrieked in response. "Seth! You're home. I didn't hear you come in!" Justin rushed forward, urgently wrapping his arms around him, holding him close to him. "I've been so worried. You're okay. Really okay---"

 

Seth grunted, his arms reaching out to hold Justin to him. "Of course I'm okay. I told you I would be. There was absolutely nothing to worry about. Perhaps one day you'll learn not to place so much importance on your so-called visions."

 

Justin pulled back, scowling at the almost condescending tone in his boyfriend's voice. "So-called visions?" Justin repeated. "Up until now, they have been very accurate. They just haven't been anything as serious as this one. And, how do you know it is false? It didn't tell me the date of the incident. It could be tonight, tomorrow, next week, or even beyond that. I think it's foolish not to take every precaution and treat it as a viable threat."

 

Seth shook his head, exhaustion causing him to feel aggravated with Justin, something that had been happening even more lately. "Justin, listen... I am tired. I worked all night, and I need to get some sleep." He didn't tell his boyfriend that he'd struggled often during his shift in staying awake. Things had been more quiet than usual at the hospital last night, and keeping his eyes open hadn't been a simple feat. He had had plenty of sleep the night before as well. Why he had suddenly become so tired was a mystery to him... but his fussbudget boyfriend didn't need to know that.

 

"This is how it always is, Seth. You don't want to have a discussion and an excuse prevents us from doing that. I get that you worked and that you are tired... but, my concerns are valid. I'm just trying to keep you safe!" Justin fervently urged, a grim look on his face as he analytically examined the lines in Seth's face, the fatigue clearly present.

 

"I get that, sweetheart... but you exaggerate everything. These visions, or whatever they are, cloud all of your common sense. They aren't real, Justin." Seth motioned to himself with his hands. "I'm here and nothing happened to me." Seth knew this would agitate Justin further, but he needed to make his point. "I even went down the alley that you warned me to stay away from... and guess what? Nothing happened! You need to get a grip on this, Justin. It's ruining your life... in fact, our lives. I think it's time we thought about therapy."

 

"Therapy!?" Justin shouted, uncaring of how loud he was, outrage and disbelief causing his voice to crack. "I have been through all the testing after I woke up from my coma. Everything came back normal... and you know that, Seth. After all, you were there!"

 

Rolling his eyes, Seth grumbled, "Of course I was there. That's when we met. I was taking care of you. The only time I have ever become personally involved with a patient." Shaking his head, Seth bit back what would be hurtful words - first time... and last. "I know the severity of your head trauma. Complications could have developed that wasn't present then. I think it warrants checking it out."

 

"No!" Justin snapped. "I am fine. The headaches have lessened over time. My yearly checkup with the neurologist is next month. That's as far as I intend on taking this." Justin stared heatedly at his boyfriend, not intending to back down when faced with Seth's irritated expression. Seth was extremely stubborn; although, not quite as much as himself. He wasn't backing down in this because he knew his visions were unavoidable and not a figment of his imagination. He believed in them. There wasn't a psychoanalyst that would make him believe anything different. "I need to get dressed. I work at the coffee shop this morning."

 

"Just consider what I'm saying, Justin. We can set the idea aside for now. I just want you to think about it..."

 

"There's nothing to think about, Seth. I am fine. I don't need some shrink poking around in my head, dredging up a past that I no longer want to remember. I just want to live my life now." When he noticed Seth shaking his head in irritation, Justin told him, "If you want me to keep my premonitions to myself, then fine, I can do that. I was only trying to protect you!"

 

Seth grunted, his eyes rolling simultaneously. "Protect me? I can look out for myself, Justin." Moving closer, Seth placed his hand on the side of Justin's face, staring deeply into his beautiful blue eyes. "I don't want you to keep anything from me. If it makes you feel better to talk about these things you see, then I want you to do that. I just want you to understand that it won't make me believe in them too. That will never happen."

 

"Okay, I get that." Justin half-heartedly laughed. "I suppose it's hard to believe something you can't see for yourself. I'm glad nothing bad happened last night... but I'm confused at the same time." Justin bit at his bottom lip. "Are you absolutely sure nothing unexpected happened?"

 

"Yes, Justin. I'm sure. I worked all night; although, I have felt exhausted all night." Seth frowned for a minute, before he continued, "I have no explanation for that. I was wide awake when I left for work, but once I got there, I was just totally depleted. I have no answer for what could have caused that."

 

His brows furrowing in concern, Justin observed, "That's not like you, Seth. You are always alert and particularly attentive on the job. I would know..."

 

Seth nodded, unable to argue that point. He didn't tell Justin that part of the walk to walk was a blur to him. He did remember going down the alley Justin warned him about, and then, nothing until he was well out of it and on his way to the hospital. Why couldn't he remember those minutes he had walked through the alley? Vaguely, he could remember a slight moment of fear, a feeling that had been replaced with a more tranquil feeling as he neared the hospital. Perhaps something had happened, but not what Justin had predicted. "I think I'll get some juice and lay down for a few hours. That should recharge me."

 

Leaning forward, Justin kissed Seth briefly on the lips, knowing he needed to be moving along as well. "I hope so. I know you're off tonight. Maybe we should just hang out here. Take things easy."

 

"No!" Seth protested, uncertain why he was so against the idea. "I want us to go out. You have never been to any of the clubs on Liberty Avenue, and I know you've wanted to see them. I thought we could stop at one of the bars, and then see if any of the clubs appealed to you. It's so rare that I get a weekend night off. I'd like to take advantage of it."

 

"I can't deny that I'd like to check it out. We live close to that neighborhood, it's strange that we've never been there together." Justin smiled warmly at his boyfriend, hopeful that a night out would rekindle the passion in their relationship. At times, it felt they stayed together because it was a familiar routine neither one of them wanted to change. It used to be more. He wanted it to be more again. "However, only if you're feeling better."

 

"Well, I'm not exactly a novice. I've been to Babylon a few times. It was a bit crazy then, but I hear it's under new ownership, so it could be a good place to start." Seth yawned, his eyelids beginning to droop, his fatigue strangely worsening. "I'm going to get that juice and go to sleep. We can firm up our plans later."

 

Justin kissed him again, telling him goodnight, watching him closely as he slowly sauntered into the kitchen, pouring his juice before taking it with him into the bedroom. He shook his head. Seth hadn't seemed ill, but what else could cause such sudden fatigue? As much as he would enjoy a night out, he wanted Seth back to normal even more.

 

Without any warning, a chill coursed down his spine. Justin gasped as another vision assailed him, this one much stronger than the first one.

 

Again, it was those glowing red eyes. And yet, still, no face attached. Who did those eyes belong to? Was it man or beast... or perhaps both? Justin rolled his eyes at his own impossible thought. It wasn't possible it could be both man and beast. Perhaps he was losing his mind. Closing his mind, he tried to focus on what he had seen.

 

Glowing red eyes. This time, they seemed to be fixated on him. Justin saw himself walking toward them. He couldn't sense any fear present; in fact, just the opposite. As he walked towards the man with the penetrating eyes, he saw the hunger in them, and still, he kept walking forward, unable to do anything else.

 

Who was this man? And, even more important than that... if these premonitions were true, what were his intentions for him?

 

TBC

 

The Helping Hand of Fate by confused_bliss

 

Brian awoke much earlier than was customary for him; primarily, because he had taken his rest earlier when his plans for the previous evening had become unexpectedly unraveled. If he had been following his victim more closely, he could have stopped him before he reached what he assumed to be his workplace. As he'd followed last night's meal into the hospital, he had discovered that he was a nurse. He had been fortunate in overhearing a conversation between him and another nurse that was about to be off duty. That discovery could be useful in the event he struggled with tracking the blond by any other means.

 

Remaining in his horizontal position in bed, Brian felt no need to rush. His bedroom was in the lower level of his house, airtight windows and doors protecting him from the sunlight that weakened him. Contrary to myths and the countless stories written about his kind, he could survive in the direct sunlight; however, his powers and senses became less effective. In the unlikely occurrence that an enemy threatened, that weakness could be a problem.

 

Moving his hand to the table next to his bed, Brian reached for his cell phone, scrolling through his messages with one sweep of a finger. Another power he possessed. He could read a long series of entries in a mere instant. Often, that was a very useful skill. Brian scowled when he saw the identity of who had sent a large number of messages.

 

Michael Novotny. Brian shook his head in irritation. He had only arrived in Pittsburgh a few months ago, just another move that his lifestyle forced him to make in time. It was difficult making friends, and living within a community atmosphere given the fact that he never grew older. Although mind control was always an option, it became tedious after a while, and it was difficult to determine suspicion in those that could be observing him from a distance. Because of that, he was somewhat reclusive, only coming out in the darkness of night, and inviting very few into his inner circle.

 

For the past few weeks, Michael had become a nuisance, but not by chasing after him as so many others before him had done. Michael was more personal in his stalking. Although Michael stopped by Babylon nearly every night to have a few drinks with his friends, he was also in a committed relationship. Brian sneered at the thought. Committed relationship. Instantly, it evoked a shudder in him. He couldn't fathom how any self-respecting queer could use the same labels as a breeder couple. Long ago, even when he had still been alive, he had vowed not to ever be part of a ‘couple.' Even though he had occasionally relented in his rules regarding not fucking a man more than once, he had never been personally invested in one of his tricks. He had always sworn that would never change.

 

Initially, he had thought that Michael was another victim to his aura, despite the fact that he seemed to be in a solid relationship. Even though he hadn't attempted to instill that in Michael, at times, weaker humans became susceptible to his immortal charm. A few nights ago, Brian had discovered that wasn't the case here. Michael had begun asking him to come over for dinner to meet his live-in partner, he had even suggested he bring a date if he would be more comfortable. Once more, Brian shuddered. A date? It was a revolting thought and one that would never be attributed to him. Brian Kinney didn't date. He fucked and fed. That was the beginning... and the end. Such an attachment would endanger him, and he wasn't the kind of man to take unnecessary risks.

 

When the phone began to vibrate in his hand, Brian accepted the call, realizing he needed to end this bizarre obsession - once and for all. "What time is it, Michael? And... that being so - why the fuck are you calling me?"

 

"Brian? You're awake?" Michael's voice sounded confused to the irritated immortal, not a doubt present that this call would become even more annoying. He had told all of them never to contact him before six o'clock, making it clear that he would either be sleeping or attending to business. Of course, Michael wasn't one to follow instructions.

 

"It appears so..." Brian replied blandly. "Now, I will repeat myself. What the fuck do you want?"

 

Michael grunted. "It seems that someone needed to sleep longer. Do you need to be so unpleasant?"

 


"Unpleasant?" For a moment, Brian's eyes became fiery red, the impulse to extract his fangs nearly overwhelming. The only reason he refrained from doing so was the knowledge that he didn't have a victim to either maim or feed on... preferably the latter. At the moment, Michael could easily be placed in the maim category. "You are the one who called me!"

 

"Yes, I did... and I'm beginning to regret that..." Michael continued to grumble, the whine clearly detected in his voice.

 

"Just get to the fucking point, Michael. Despite the fact that I am not sleeping today, I do have other interests outside of Babylon." Brian's eyes continued to flare as he spoke, certain that he would be forced to make a choice that would distance Michael from him. His interference in his life could become a problem, and since he had so recently settled in Pittsburgh, he wasn't looking to make another change so soon.

 

"Well, I didn't know that, Bri. You tell us so little about your life." Michael sighed dramatically, before he continued, "I just want you to meet my partner. I thought we could hang out and get to know each other better. Ben will be returning from a writer's convention in a couple of days; I wanted to make some plans."

 

Brian sat up in the bed, kicking the sheet and comforter off, before turning to sit on the side of the bed with his feet now on the floor. "Michael, I've already told you that I'm not interested. If you bring your boyfriend around the club and we meet, that's one thing, but I don't have the time or the desire to attend social events. It's not what I do."

 

"B-but..." Michael began to sputter. "I - I thought we were becoming friends. That's what friends do, Brian. We become a part of each other's lives---"

 

"Michael, be realistic. We've only known each other for a few months. You are thirty fucking years old, or however old you are. I don't know, and honestly, I don't give a fuck. We are acquaintances that hang out at my business. I like you and the rest of your friends, and undoubtedly, I appreciate your business, but that doesn't make us friends. The phone calls and texts need to stop. My answer isn't going to change." Brian was silent, a voice whispered inside of him, ‘please listen this time, I don't want to feel forced to kill you'.

 

A soft gasp was Michael's answer, followed by him clearing his throat. There wasn't a doubt that Michael was offended, but what Michael didn't realize, was that his very life could hinge on how he handled this warning going forward. "Fine. It's not like I can force you. I just thought we really hit it off and that we could all be friends. I even thought we could be best friends..."

 

"Well, you thought wrong. I don't do that. I'm a loner. It's how I live my life and it's not going to change. And now, I have things to do. Goodbye Michael." Brian ended the call, his patience with both Michael and the situation at an end.

 

A few blocks away, Michael frowned as he stared at his phone, intently looking at it as if he thought it would give him the answers to his questions. "What gives with you, Brian Kinney? You are the center of attention at your own club, interacting and mingling with everyone. But privately, you are a recluse. What are you hiding?" Michael sat down on the couch, staring silently ahead. "Perhaps if I find the answer, you will be more open to my offer of friendship." With that thought in mind, Michael reached into his pocket for his phone, immediately calling Ted, the one that had spent the most time with Brian since his arrival in Pittsburgh. Perhaps Brian's new accountant and friend to all of them would have some insight.

 


Justin smiled at his boyfriend as they almost leisurely walked down Liberty Avenue, thankful to see that Seth seemed to be returning to his old self, at least, on the outside. "Your nap must have done you good. Your color has returned."

 

Seth grunted. "Are you a medical professional now?"

 

"Hardly," Justin snapped. "This morning you were paler than I am. I am just glad it passed."

 

"Me too. It was only fatigue, Justin. Nothing for you to worry about." Seth forced himself not to sound condescending, realizing that was never the way to proceed with Justin. Often, he simply couldn't help himself, and when that happened, things never went his way. This morning had been a prime example.

 

"I worry, Seth. That's just how I am. I can't shake these visions, or how they seem to revolve around you---" Justin turned to look at Seth when he sensed him freezing at his side, his own steps stilling when he noticed the irritation on his boyfriend's face. "I'm sorry. I promised not to dwell on this, and I don't want to ruin our night out."

 

Seth rolled his eyes, uncertain if Justin could help himself. He stood by what he had tried to discuss with Justin earlier. His boyfriend needed more therapy. If he didn't relent willingly, perhaps he needed to force the issue. He wouldn't do that unless things worsened, but if they did, there were things he could do as a medical professional. He wouldn't hesitate if he thought it would benefit not only Justin but their future as well. "Let's have a couple of drinks at Woody's, and then we can check out Babylon. You'll really like it there; I know how much you love to dance."

 

Justin laughed. "As long as you're there to protect me from the big bad's, I know I'll be fine."

 

"Always..." Seth agreed, knowing he couldn't mean anything more. He had nursed Justin back to health, seduced him when he was mentally weakened, and incapable of his own rational thinking. Unethical after being his caregiver, but in his mind, the ends justified the means. He had gotten what he had wanted. There was no way he would let anyone take Justin from him.

 

As they walked inside of Woody's, they were each oblivious to eyes following their every movement, eyes that instantly became hungry, a man not the least bit hesitant of capitalizing on the gift fate was clearly handing him, no matter if his prey was with another man or not. Dark eyes narrowed into tiny slits as he watched the man handling the smaller and younger man in a proprietorial manner, a long and deep kiss exchanged between them, not a doubt in his mind that he was staking a claim for everyone in Woody's that currently eyed this hot piece of fresh meat.

 

Watching them from the far end of the bar, Brian was instantly mesmerized by the beauty of the blond, utilizing his heightened vision to see the young man's eyes, pleased to see that they were vivid blue, just as he had imagined. As the young couple ordered their drinks, Brian continued to watch them, thankful that none of the ‘gang' as Michael referred to them as had descended on him yet. He wanted to absorb everything about the couple, the blond in particular. The other man might think he had the blond chained to his side, but Brian had other ideas. It was just a matter of how to most effectively proceed.

 

Brian wished he had tasted the blond. If he had, it would be easy to compel him to glance in his direction. Once he achieved eye contact, the true hunt would begin. As he salivated in hunger, and his dick throbbed in anticipation, Brian knew he wouldn't be able to resist for long. For now, though, he would be satisfied with his observations, leaping at any opportunities that destiny afforded him. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he would make his own opportunity if fate didn't work to his advantage. This man was meant for him. Brian had never felt such a strong pull to another man, victim or trick.

 

One thought prevailed, repeating itself over and over in his mind. No matter the obstacles involved, he had to have this man.

 

Brian never stopped to realize that his interest went far beyond his typical lust for a new trick. All that registered was his burning lust and hunger. Both of which, the hunter was determined to appease.

 

TBC

 

The Hunt Begins by confused_bliss

 

Brian's eyes remained fixated on the couple at the end of the bar, uncaring of the familiar voice he heard calling out to him from the distance. Emmett Honeycutt. At least, it wasn't Michael; although, he was fairly certain that relief would be short-lived. Emmett didn't really bother him; in fact, he found him entertaining. He had already started to like him, which for him, was extremely odd. When Emmett sat at the stool next to him in a dramatic flourish, Brian briefly turned his head to the side, his eyebrow raising in a silent question.

 

"Can I buy you a drink?" Brian asked in boredom, thinking that would be the quickest way to turn Emmett's attention away from him, enabling him to concentrate fully on his hunt.

 

Emmett gasped in surprise. "Buy me a drink?" He held his hand to his chest. "What's come over you, stud?" Waving his hand in the air boisterously, Emmett exuberantly proclaimed, "It takes more than a drink to get my pants off, especially before Babylon opens."

 

Brian almost choked on his own drink. "Relax, Honeycutt. I have no aspirations for acquiring either your pants... or what's inside of them."

 

Shrugging uncaringly, he told him, "That's your loss, hot stuff." Turning away, Emmett motioned the bartender over, saying in a voice loud enough for everyone nearby to hear, "I'd like a Cosmo... and Brian is buying---"

 

The bartender looked at Brian inquiringly, not moving to make the drink until receiving a nod from Brian in response. "I'm filled with a generous spirit tonight." Brian looked down at the two men that held his attention, one of them in particular, deciding it was time to make his presence known. "In fact, Chaz, those two men at the end of the bar, set them up with another round."

 

"Sure thing, Brian." Mixing Emmett's drink first, and placing it in front of him, he took the bills that Brian extended, nodding his head in thanks when he was waved away, knowing it was his way of telling him to keep the change.

 

Emmett turned to look at Brian, and then at the two at the end of the bar, unsure which man Brian was chasing, but thinking this could be a fun evening. "Which one? Or is it both?" Emmett took a drink, laughing excitedly, knowing he would soon see the stud in action. He squinted when he watched the blond looking down the length of the bar, amazed at the gorgeous baby blue eyes. "What a cutie! No, it couldn't be him. He seems so sweet. Much too tame for you."

 

"Shut the fuck up, Honeycutt!" Brian growled, finally successful in making eye contact with the hot blond. Emmett wasn't the least bit mistaken. Those eyes were fucking beautiful. He couldn't wait to see them shimmering in desire... all for him. The blond stared at him for a long moment, before he smiled and raised his glass, only lowering his gaze when his boyfriend harshly cleared his throat next to him.

 

Emmett glared at his new friend. "I've told you, don't call me Honeycutt! And, it seems your blond bombshell is already taken. I don't think his boyfriend likes your attention."

 

Brian's attention turned to the man next to the blond, his victim of last night. He smiled mockingly as the man glared at him, knowing he was aware that it was the younger man's attention he sought. He frowned when he noticed the blond looking around, but not focusing on anything or anyone for long, almost as if he was uncomfortable to do so. Brian knew there was a story there, and that it probably had to do with his boyfriend, but he didn't plan on involving himself in that. Once he had fucked the blond, it would be finished. That's how it always was. This man wouldn't be any different.

 

Looking toward the door, Emmett mumbled, "Where are Michael and Ted? They are usually here before now---"

 

Brian grunted. "Ted is probably at the club already crunching my numbers. And, Michael, who the fuck cares?"

 

"Did the two of you have a fight?" Emmett asked, his eyes traveling around the room while he talked to Brian.

 

Staring at him incredulously, Brian shook his head. "What the fuck are you talking about? I don't have time for this." Brian finished his drink in one quick swallow, before standing to his feet and moving away from the bar. "It's time I met my friends at the end of the bar." His eyes swept over Emmett in dismissal. "Later, Honeycutt."

 

"Don't call me that!" Emmett shouted as Brian moved away, before cheerily calling out, "And, thanks for the drink!"

 

Ignoring Emmett and everyone else around him, Brian advanced to the two men seated at the end of the bar, his eyes eating one of them alive. He couldn't wait to feast his eyes on all of him before he proceeded to take him in every possible way. "Good evening..." he spoke in a low husky voice, his eyes completely on the nervous blond, the near shyness the boy possessed only turning him on even more.

 

Standing to his feet, the other man unwisely decided to step in between them. "I'm Seth, and this is Justin. Thank you for the drinks, but we're not interested in whatever it is you're offering."

 

"I'm Brian Kinney." Instantly, he enforced calm in himself. Now wasn't the time to become overbearing... but he could feel the compulsion to do so quickly building. "I haven't offered anything... yet, but let me assure you, when I do, you'll know it."

 

"Uhhh, Seth. Maybe we should just go home..." Justin mumbled, suddenly feeling extremely uneasy.

 

"Nonsense. I can handle this." Seth's eyes moved over the man that he was certain was hoping for a hook-up with Justin, convinced that once he set him straight, the evening could progress as he had planned. They hadn't fucked in such a long time. He'd be damned if this man would prevent that from happening. 

 

For the moment, Brian's interest moved to the man he now knew as ‘Seth,' the man from last night. I can handle this, he had said. He realized that equated into him saying that he could handle him. This could be more fun than he'd ever imagined. As much as he wanted to toy with the pretentious Seth, he wanted to become better acquainted with Justin even more. It was time to use all the weapons he possessed.

 

Stepping around the man, and once again looking at Justin, Brian looked into his eyes, frowning when some sort of block seemed to impede him. Justin blinked as if he felt something, but he seemed unaffected by his aura. How very interesting, he thought to himself. Once he had his blood, that would all change. For now, though, Seth was helpless in resisting his commands. He would utilize that advantage. Brian's eyes became darker, twin pools that hypnotized their victim, his desire transferred silently to the other man.

 

Excuse yourself and meet me out back in the alley behind the building. Don't make me return for you...

 

Brian returned his gaze to Justin, his eyes hot and smoldering on the young man. He left no doubt as to how much he wanted him. Despite Justin's somewhat timid act, he wasn't falling for it. This man had an inner strength. He could sense it. And, being a feral creature himself, he always relied on his senses. "I'm afraid I can't stay. It's almost time for Babylon to open, and since it's my club, I do like to be on hand to welcome my guests." He reached into his pocket and pulled out two passes to get inside. "If the two of you should decide to use these, they will get you past the line and security unimpeded."

 

"Thank you..." Justin whispered, unable to take his eyes off of the enigmatic brunet. He was silent as the man walked away, before glancing at Seth to find him in a similar spellbound state. "Well, that was strange." Justin leaned in to give Seth a kiss on the cheek, before standing up and telling him, "I'll be right back. I'm going to the restroom." Justin frowned when Seth nodded impatiently, having the immediate feeling that something was wrong. What could it possibly be this time?

 


 

Brian smiled in the darkness, even without the gift of sound, innately knowing when his prey was near. It was a simple deduction since he had fed from him last night, but in this case, an extremely convenient one. In quick order, he would learn a bit more about Justin... and have this interfering third wheel gone from the games tonight. It might be a temporary measure, but perhaps tonight was all he would need.

 

With unnecessary force, Brian grabbed Seth's arm, quickly yanking him to him, and pushing him against the wall of the building, darkness acting as a shroud around them; although, Brian could clearly see the sudden terror on the man's face. It was actually amusing. After seeing Seth with Justin, he had already deduced that the man was a control freak; in fact, in some way, he knew he was controlling his young lover. He just wasn't sure about how. "You know what I want... don't you, Seth?"

 

Shaking his head, Seth whimpered, "L-last night... something happened. Justin was right. There was a monster. I-it was you."

 

"Justin?" he hissed. "What does he know about that?"

 

"Uhhh nothing. He has head trauma and has premonitions at times. He saw red glowing eyes... just like yours are now."

 

"I see." Justin was becoming even more intriguing to him, and he had to admit, a danger as well. That was why he couldn't seduce him with his aura. There must be a block in the portion of his brain that his mind control couldn't penetrate. That was certainly something to keep in mind. "Tell me about Justin's head trauma. How did it happen?"

 

Unblinking, Seth told the menacing man about Justin's bashing and how he had been comatose for an extended period of time. As he told his story, Brian placed a feeling of calm and trust over the other man. He wanted to know everything without having to probe too deeply. They didn't have much time with Justin waiting for his boyfriend's return. The last thing he wanted was for Justin to run off.

 

"The attacker was never apprehended?" Brian wasn't certain why he even cared to ask, he only knew that he needed to know everything.

 

"The bastard got community service. As far as I know, he's roaming the streets now."

 

Brian's fangs extracted, a growl erupting, one that had nothing to do with man, and more toward the faceless man that had damaged something he had wanted mercilessly, someone he would have never found if fate had been so cruel on that near tragic night. "His name?"

 

"Chris Hobbs."

 

Filing the name away to memory, Brian moved closer to Seth, licking his lips as he watched the nervous pulsation in the man's throat. Yes, he was hungry. It would be wise to satisfy that unrelenting hunger before he arrived at Babylon, hopefully with his tender prey to join him there. Without warning, Brian sunk his fangs into Seth's neck, drinking deeply and hungrily, primal desires soaring within him. Seth was actually very attractive. If not for his fixation on Justin, he would probably fuck him. In fact, he was surprised he hadn't last night. It would have been all too easy.

 

Pulling back, Brian sealed the wound, his eyes glowing as they penetrated the glazed ones that stared back helplessly. "You won't remember this or any of our conversation. For now, you will say goodnight to Justin and send him to Babylon on his own."

 

"No! I can't." When the monster tightened his grip on him, Seth explained, "Justin would know I would never do that. I don't let him out of my sight, especially around other men." Seth gritted his teeth, the truth forcing it's way out. "I've worked too hard to get him. I won't let some player take him from me."

 

Brian snarled, realizing he had allowed the man to relax a bit too much, also, deciding he didn't like Seth's choice of words - I've worked too hard to get him. What did that mean? "You don't have any other choice, but don't worry, I will protect him. Now, you will return and make up an excuse. If he does not arrive at Babylon alone, I WILL come after you."

 

Nodding his head, once again, shaking in fear, Seth agreed. "I understand."

 

"Good." Brian stared intensely into Seth's blurred eyes, his voice filled with venom and dark intent. "In the future, if I call on you for any reason, you will come to me and obey my every command. You do NOT want to disappoint me. Ever."

 

TBC

 

Plans Interrupted by confused_bliss

 

Justin stood up as Seth returned to the bar, his eyes wide and questioning. "Seth? What the hell? You've been gone for a long time; I was about to start walking home."

 

"I'm sorry, baby." Seth moved almost lethargically to the bar, not bothering to take a seat, knowing he wouldn't be here for long. "I had a call from the hospital. There's been an emergency. I have to go."

 

"Oh..." Justin responded, disappointment in his voice. "It figures, right? One of the few times we actually go out."

 

Seth scowled, uncertain he liked Justin's disapproving tone. "I don't expect it will be more than a couple of hours. I will be the first that gets sent home. They have to pay me big time to call me in like this."

 

"It's fine. I don't mind." Justin finished his drink before replacing it on the bar, standing to his feet, well aware that Seth didn't like to wait for anything. "I'm ready to leave."

 

Immediately, Seth shook his head, fear overtaking him at Justin's response. He knew that was what he wanted, but a stronger voice in the back of his head implored him to change Justin's mind. "No! I don't want tonight to be ruined. I promised you a visit to Babylon, and I want you to go and see it. A few drinks at the bar won't hurt you. Then, you can come home afterward."

 

"Without you?" Justin asked, his nose scrunching up, a look he had when he was his most confused. "Since when do you want me around other men? Especially horny men that are looking to hook up---"

 

Seth shrugged, his eyes falling on the passes for Babylon that had been offered to them. He placed one in Justin's hand and kept the other for himself. "Maybe it's time I learned to trust you more. Anyway, I need to go." Seth leaned forward, kissing Justin quickly on the lips, before he pulled back to say, "Go check it out and have fun... but not too much fun. I want you home when I get there."

 

Nodding, Justin answered, "I'm sure I'll be there. I can't imagine staying for too long. And, you can trust me, Seth. I won't risk what we have for a one-time fuck. You should know that."

 

Briefly, the unfogged portion of his mind reflected on Justin's words, unable to dismiss his skepticism. Justin was fucking hot, and they both knew that. He was sending him alone into a sexual playground where others would seek him out. Seth remembered the man that had bought them drinks earlier; as he looked down at the end of the bar, he noticed that he was gone now as well. Men like that were a threat to him. And yet, he had to send Justin into the lion's den. "I'll join you if this turns out to be quick, but I wouldn't count on it." Once again, he brushed his lips across Justin's, reminding him in no uncertain terms, "Just remember that you have a boyfriend."

 

Silently, Justin watched as Seth made his exit, confused by everything that had transpired. It wasn't uncommon for Seth to get called into work, but for him to send him to Babylon without him, it simply went against everything that he knew about his boyfriend. Although much of his memory was hazy from before the bashing, he remembered everything from the time he had regained consciousness in the hospital. Seth had taken a personal interest in his case and attended to him zealously. At the time, he had thought to ask Seth how he could spend so much time with him, often just sitting with him, talking to him, his eyes watching him constantly. After what had happened to him, he had found it comforting. In actuality, he no idea if he and Seth really had that much in common, so much of his past was a blur. Primarily, he had gone on what Seth had told him about his life. It was amazing that Seth knew so much about it since they hadn't met before he was in his care at the hospital. He had never really thought that much about it. But, now he began to question it. Was it because of Seth's bizarre actions tonight, or was another premonition about to be triggered?

 

As Justin made the small walk over to Babylon, he looked at the long line and the lights that set it apart from all the other buildings and clubs. Something seemed so familiar, but he had no idea as to what it could be. He was sure he had never been here before. Before the bashing, he wouldn't have been old enough to gain entrance. Shrugging his shoulders, knowing he wouldn't find any answers regarding his seemingly lost past, Justin walked past the line, awkwardly bumping into another man that wasn't standing in a straight line, but off to the side talking to his friends. Justin smiled apologetically at the man that was slightly shorter than himself. "Uhhh, sorry. I didn't see you there."

 

"Maybe you should slow down, Junior. And watch where you're going!" the man grumbled, moving closer to his group of friends. He squinted at the blond, continuing to scowl in irritation. "I think you're too young for Babylon, kid. Better run on home now."

 

"Michael, leave him alone. He's obviously old enough. He was just at Woody's with another hottie, and Brian bought them drinks. And, if I'm not mistaken, that's a pass to get inside that he's holding in his hot little hand." Laughing in excitement, knowing they would get to see the almighty Kinney in action tonight, Emmett whispered, "Better hurry along, sweetie. You don't want to keep the big BAD waiting---"

 

After nodding, Justin moved on ahead, ignoring the man that had been called ‘Michael' demanding answers about how he had met Brian and why he would give him a guest pass. It was impossible not to remember Brian, the man that had bought them drinks, and in the process, had virtually fucked him right under his boyfriend's eyes. As he handed his pass to the man at the door, it amazed him how simple it was to enter with that small piece of paper. The man never gave him a second look as he motioned him inside, the signature at the bottom the only thing of interest to the other man.

 

Justin's eyes widened as he stepped inside, visually taking in all of the sights and sounds, in an instant realizing he couldn't have ever been in this place. Even with his sketchy memory, he would have remembered this place. The aura was indescribable. The air was filled with electricity, the smell of hot, sweaty bodies began to push his somewhat dormant desires to the surface. Continuing to look around, smiling at the bodies grinding against each other, the men and even women seemingly meshed together, Justin was captivated by everything he saw. Were all clubs like Babylon? He couldn't imagine it. There was something special about this place. He couldn't believe how anxious he was to explore it.

 

Stepping up to the bar, Justin waited for the bartender to greet him, a bright smile on his face when he asked for a beer on tap. He was silent as the other man looked at him in assessment, slightly tensing when he felt someone coming up behind him, far too close to be casual. Justin swallowed, not a doubt in his mind of who was nearly pressing up against him, uncertain of how he wanted to handle this encounter, remembering the last one had almost gotten out of hand. This time, though, Seth wouldn't be present to interfere, not that his boyfriend had been any true obstacle for the unbelievably hot and predatory Mr. Kinney. Justin wondered if anyone could be. During the brief time they had interacted, he had sensed that Brian Kinney was a man that did as he wanted, took what he wanted. His mind might be damaged, but he still didn't have a doubt as to what this man wanted from him. If not for Seth, he wasn't sure he would be able to resist giving it to him.

 

"May I see your ID, Sir?" the bartender asked, a skeptical eyebrow raising at the young man, obviously not impressed that his boss was about to hit on the young blond, assuming they hadn't officially met as of yet.

 

"I believe I have to be of legal age just to enter this establishment..." Justin told him, forcing himself to ignore the presence behind him. "Now, about that beer---"

 

Placing both hands on the bar, using one of them to idly wipe the slightly wet surface, the man adamantly stated, "Not without an ID, creampuff."

 

"Creampuff? W-what the fuck?" Justin began to sputter. "I hope you don't serve all of your customers like this---" Justin heard the low chuckle from behind him, wondering when the ‘big bad' as Brian had been referred to outside by someone he assumed was one of his friends, would decide to intercede - one way or another.

 

Clearing his throat, Brian captured his bartender's attention, staring at him intently, and yet, not in a menacing way. "I appreciate your diligence, Alex; however, I know this young man." Brian ran a finger along the blond's neck, his tongue stroking his lips as he thought about tasting him... vowing that he would taste him in every way imaginable. "Despite this creamy and baby soft skin, Justin is of legal age and can have anything to drink that he wants." Brian moved in closer, his chest pressing against the other man's back. "All of his drinks are to go on my tab."

 

"B-but..." Justin began to protest, all thought of what he had been about to say temporarily displaced when his ardent admirer lowered his lips to follow the skin along the back of his neck, his tongue scorching his skin, and yet, his face feeling slightly cool against him. "Uhhhh, Mr. Kinney, I can buy my own drinks, and I really don't think you should be doing that."

 

"Doing what?" Brian whispered, his eyes closing as he inhaled the man's scent, the taste of Justin's skin making him burn and ache at the same time. Not only did he want to fuck him, and he wanted that badly, he also wanted to taste him in every way. An unrelenting hunger was beginning to form in him. He doubted he would be satisfied until he gorged on this man completely.

 

Justin gasped. "S-seducing me..." Instantly, Justin realized he had said the wrong thing when Brian's arms tightened around him, a growl sliding from the other man's throat, a moan escaping as he felt hands gliding down his arms, not a doubt in his mind that his touch was soon to be much more intimate.

 

Brian chuckled against the back of Justin's neck, wishing the two of them were alone, knowing if they were, things would be proceeding much differently. "Seducing? What an old-fashioned word from so young. And... it can only be construed as that if I am actually succeeding."

 

Forcing himself to pull free from the sensual grip this man was so effortlessly weaving around him, Justin pushed the hands away, surprised when Brian complied with his efforts. His hand was slightly shaking when he picked up the mug of beer, relieved when his persistent stalker moved away from him by taking a seat next to him. "Thanks for the beer," Justin told him shyly, lowering his eyes when he met the hazel eyes that seemed to glitter at him in response.

 

"My pleasure..." Brian answered, the desire he had for the younger man clearly recognizable. "I see you came without your shadow. It's a shame he couldn't join you."

 

Justin laughed. "Is it really?"

 

"I won't lie to you. No, it's not. When I gave the two of you the passes, it was you that I wanted to use it... not your boyfriend." Brian moved his eyes over the hot blond, knowing he had never wanted a man so intensely, uncertain of how he would resist his more primal instincts to possess this man. As he looked into the gorgeous blue eyes, he didn't see a reason why he should. Remembering the block in Justin's mind that he had encountered back at Woody's, Brian decided to give it another try, deciding that no harm could come from it if he made the attempt silently through his thoughts, and not verbally. Step outside with me, Justin. You want to be alone with me.

 

A frown appeared on Justin's face, his eyes widening as he looked at Brian, mesmerized by the intensity of his gaze. Justin shook his head, more than a little confused. He felt a slight pressure in the back of his head, whispers attacking him, but words he couldn't understand. They were faint, almost calling out to him from a great distance. He was about to ask Brian if he had said something more when he was distracted by someone shouting out to Brian.

 

"Briannnnn..." the high-pitched voice began to shout, over and over. "Briannnnn!" As the shouts continued, the sound became louder and closer. Justin winced as the screeching continued, his eyes filling with tears as the pain began to envelop him. "I-I have to go. I have really sensitized hearing since my attack; I can't deal with that noise."

 

Brian nodded curtly. "I understand. He has the same effect on me; although, not physically... but nonetheless still painful. Give me a minute, and I'll walk you out." He turned to face Michael, his eyes cold and menacing when he warned, "Shut the fuck up, Michael and leave me alone. I'm busy!"

 

"Busy?" he squealed. "With this twink?" Michael waved Justin away as if he was meaningless. "Forget him, Brian. You can do much better."

 

Brian whipped his head around as he noticed Justin getting up from his stool, and heading for the exit. "If I lose him, I'm taking it out on you!" Brian stood up, knowing his words were ridiculous. Justin couldn't get too far ahead of him. No human could outrun him. That was actually beside the point. He didn't care to explain the ease of catching up to the younger man. Once again, Michael interfered in his business. That was becoming too much of a nuisance. Should it continue, he might need to do something. "Stay here. I'll deal with you when I get back---"

 

Pushing away from the bar, Brian weaved in between the bodies that stood in his way, his eyes scanning for the blond head that he knew couldn't be too far ahead of him. He scowled when he heard Michael calling out to him, thinking that he might actually kill him one of these days. He couldn't deal with him for much longer. "Justin, wait!" Brian shouted, still determined to succeed in one of his goals for the night. He wanted to see where Justin lived. Once he did that, he could make his plans. He had hoped to make more progress than that, but for tonight, that would have to be enough.

 

Michael stared with his mouth hanging open, unable to believe that Brian would ditch him for that unsociable little fucker. He turned to Emmett, his mouth still agape. "Did you see that? Brian dumped us to chase after that little shit. What the fuck is wrong with him. I'm his best friend!"

 

Emmett knew better than to argue about anything Michael was saying. It was all completely ridiculous, but Michael wouldn't see that. "Come on, baby. Let's dance. Maybe we'll find some hot studs of our own."

 

"I already have a boyfriend. I'm not looking for a stud." Michael followed Emmett out to the sea of bodies that were mostly in the pretense of dancing, most of them doing everything but having actual sex. "I just don't understand why Brian would abandon his friends for that kid. He's nothing."

 

Shaking his head, Emmett couldn't hold his tongue. "He's anything but that, Mikey. Did you get a good look at him? He's a hottie and he seems so sweet."

 

"Sweet?" Michael snapped over the music, "the little twerp almost knocked me down."

 

"To be fair, you were standing out in the middle of the walkway. It would have been difficult to pass you without touching you at all." Ignoring all of Michael's tedious ramblings and incessant whining, Emmett lifted his arms over his head, dancing to the music, his eyes searching the room, always looking for that special someone.

 

"I don't want to dance." A pout appeared on Michael's face when he realized Emmett was ignoring him as well. "I'm sitting at the bar until Brian gets back. He told me to wait, so that's what I'm going to do."

 

Emmett grunted as Michael walked away. Sure he did, he thought to himself. Brian hadn't said how long, though. After seeing him stalking the blond at Woody's, and now chasing him out of Babylon, he doubted Brian's return would be very quick. And if he returned unsatisfied, Michael would be facing an irritated Brian. He wasn't sure he wanted to stick around to watch that.

 

TBC

 

A Walk in the Moonlight by confused_bliss

 

Justin walked next to Brian, his footsteps quick and steady, but sensing that the man walking with him had slowed his normal pace to accommodate him. There was something strangely mesmerizing about this man. He was undoubtedly mysterious, but in a way, frightening as well. He glanced up at him and smiled, a bit nervous when he spoke, "Uhhh, you really didn't need to walk me home. I would have found my way."

 

"I'm sure you would, but then I would have been deprived of the opportunity of getting to know you better." Brian turned to look into the beautiful blue eyes, his own blazing when he spoke, "That is something I very much want to do." Brian didn't add the most important reason for his presence, which was simply knowing where the tempting and intriguing blond lived.

 

"You do realize that I don't live alone and that I have a boyfriend?" Justin queried, looking sideways at him curiously.

 

Brian looked away for a brief moment, just long enough to blink away the flash of anger that he knew had been present in his eyes. Not quite anger, but something else; however, he wasn't quite sure of what. His responses to the beautiful blond mystified him. There was so much that fascinated him about this man. Feeling that he needed to proceed slowly with Justin wasn't easy for a man such as himself, but the very fact that he couldn't seem to penetrate Justin's mind with his thoughts and enforce his will, he needed to be cautious. That knowledge would typically convince him to distance himself from such sweet temptation, but his lust wouldn't allow him to be reasonable. He had to have this man. And, have him he would.

 

"Of course I remember; however, he is your boyfriend only because you met him first." Brian winked at him, before adding, "Perhaps I want you to reconsider that choice."

 

"Uh huh." Justin grinned as he continued to walk. "A man of confidence. You exude in it. I can't deny that I find that quality extremely hot."

 

Gently, but firmly, Brian clasped Justin's arm, steering him away from the flow of all the others that were walking, and taking him into a dark alley that was only dimly lit by high street lights. "I'm sure I can provide you with even more to pique your interest---"

 

Justin's eyes widened, for some reason unable to look away from the man that had maneuvered him into this now vulnerable position. "Uhmmm, I'm sure you can... but, I - I don't think this is a safe place for us to be." Immediately, Justin's mind went back to his strange visions in regards to Seth. Red eyes and a dark abandoned alley. He didn't think this was the same alley, but the concept was still the same.

 

Brian smiled, his hand reaching up to lightly stroke against the blond's soft and perfect cheek. Such soft skin. He couldn't wait to touch and taste him all over. "I can promise you that nothing will hurt you while you're with me."

 

Biting his bottom lip, Justin once again lifted his eyes to meet Brian's stormy gaze, unable to look away from the stark hunger that was so openly reflected. "I'm not sure if you are simply overconfident or just outrageously arrogant. But, realistically, that is a very difficult promise to keep. As a former victim of an act of violence, I know how quickly things can change."

 

"Your doubts are understandable, Justin; however, you don't know me. Let's leave it there." Brian licked his lips, his eyes hungry and intent on Justin's mouth, determined to acquire at least a brief taste of this man, not a doubt in his mind that one kiss would heighten his lust even more. Once again, he tried to intercept Justin's mind, believing that he could find the answer as to why he couldn't break through... and wanting to achieve that connection more than ever before.

 

Justin... Brian mentally chanted the blond's name over and over. When Justin blinked but continued looking at him expectantly, and without falling under his allure, he knew he still was fighting an invisible barrier that he couldn't penetrate. Forget everything else and concentrate on me. Feel my desire for you and succumb to your own for me. Kiss me of your own free will. Don't make me take it!

 

Shaking his head, Justin frowned in confusion, images of kissing Brian overwhelming him, but uncertain of why. It was almost like he could hear Brian whispering to him, but he couldn't decipher the words. "I - I don't understand. I'm so confused..."

 

Brian stepped in closer, his body brushing against Justin's, his hands moving up to frame Justin's face, forcing him to keep his eyes on him. "How are you confused? What are you thinking about right now?"

 

"I don't know how to explain it. I can't make any sense of it..." Justin laughed nervously. "Maybe Seth is right and I need my medication increased. I think I'm losing it---"

 

Medication? Fuck, that was it. Now he remembered Justin's undeserving boyfriend divulging that when he had manipulated his mind. It was his belief that Justin needed to be off of the medication. Until then, he couldn't fully penetrate his thoughts. Also, he doubted Justin really needed the medicine, and that it was really just Seth's way of controlling Justin. Despite how much he wanted to take advantage of their solitude and Justin's vulnerability to him, he knew the matter of Justin's medicine needed to be resolved. "I think you need to stop the medicine entirely. I'm not a doctor, but I have the feeling that it isn't necessary. I'm not saying that it wasn't at one time, but I do know that continuing to use a drug when it isn't needed could be causing some severe side effects."

 

"That isn't possible..." Justin protested. "Seth would know. He's a nurse. It was prescribed following tests that he suggested."

 

Brian gritted his teeth, realizing that Justin wasn't ready to see how twisted his boyfriend truly was. It hadn't taken much effort on his part to reach that conclusion, and with a clear head, he believed Justin would do the same. His dilemma was getting Justin's head free of drugs in the most civilized manner possible. Draining the blood from Seth was certainly an option, but he didn't kill for sport, no matter how much he might enjoy it in this particular case. "Again, I did say that maybe initially it was needed, but that might not be the case any longer."

 

Now that Brian's body wasn't pushed so intimately against him, Justin anxiously insisted, "I really need to get home."

 

"Fine..." Brian snapped, silently berating himself when Justin flinched from the ice in his tone. So much for putting the younger man at ease, he thought to himself. "Just think about what I've said. Take small steps. Skip the medicine for a few days and see how you feel. You can always start taking it again."

 

Stepping out of the alley, once again walking alongside the supremely magnetic and much too attractive man, Justin inclined his head in agreement. "I will think about it."

 

"Good," Brian responded, his mind churning with all the possibilities of this man with an unclogged and penetrable mind. Not only would this benefit his pursuit of this beautiful and tempting man, but he believed he would be helping him too. Seth needed to be out of the way. There were civilized ways he could reach that goal. He would start implementing his plans tonight. And if that didn't work... well, there were other ways.

 

For the next ten minutes, they walked silently, the silence not at all awkward, but actually comfortable between them. Neither of them spoke until they reached the large brownstone where Justin lived. Justin turned and smiled warmly at Brian, for some reason saddened it was time to say goodbye. "This is where I live. Thank you for walking me home. It's been an interesting evening."

 

Once again, Brian reached out and trailed his finger along Justin's cheek, unable to resist touching him even in the most casual way. "It has; although, not as interesting as I would have liked."

 

"Well, I guess things can't always be as we want---"

 

"Speak for yourself, youngster. I always get what I want, whether immediately OR not!" Brian growled, his most feral tendencies continuing to roar to life with this particular man. Realizing that now was the moment he needed to bide his time, Brian took a step back, his eyes sweeping over his hot blond one final time. His eyes lingering the longest on Justin's full raspberry colored lips, Brian allowed the lust to be visible in his gaze, determined to say goodnight leaving Justin with the lasting memory of the burning desire that consumed him.

 

"Goodnight, Justin. I'm sure we'll meet again soon..."

 

Justin nodded, uncertain of how he should respond to the other man's determined statement. For a moment, he watched Brian's unhurried steps, before turning to walk into his building, unaware that once his attention was removed from his persistent admirer, Brian's steps had escalated to being as quick as the speed of light. Here and gone in the blink of an eye.

 

TBC

 

Taking Care of Business by confused_bliss

 

Once he was closer to Babylon, Brian slowed his speed to a brisk walk, a brief moment of laughter escaping as the people he passed gasped at the breeze that stirred around them by his abrupt movements. Humans were a constant source of amusement to him. Since losing his own human life so long ago, that had always been the case. Much of his earlier human life was a blur to him. It had been so very long ago, and in actuality, didn't mean much to him. The past was over. He only worried about the present and the future, always mindful that his existence depended on him being cautious within the present. It slightly disturbed him that recently he hadn't been proceeding with the caution that was his standard mantra. His obsession with Justin was producing a degree of risk, largely due to his inability to get into the blond's mind. That needed to change. Despite his instincts telling him that Justin would probably gradually heed his advice and discontinue what he believed to be unneeded medication, he couldn't take that chance. It was time to be proactive... and he knew exactly how to accomplish the task.

 

Slipping into the back entrance of Babylon, Brian side-stepped everyone, and made a determined path to his office. He didn't make eye contact with anyone, feeling his primal urges quickly boiling to the surface. Once inside, Brian picked up the phone that connected directly to the bar, his tone cold when he asked, "Is Michael still hanging around?"

 

"Yeah. He isn't even ordering anything to drink, just sitting here insisting to everyone that you promised to spend the evening with him."

 

It took most of his control not to snarl in response, and even greater control not to plan Michael Novotny's immediate demise. He was a true savage; however, he did see the value of human life. Killing was always the last resort; however, he found himself wondering if he was only delaying the inevitable in the case of Michael. Was the annoying imbecile ever going to stop? "That is NOT what I told him, but send him back to my office. I will handle this annoyance - once and for all."

 

Without ending the call, Brian heard his bartender giving Michael the message, followed by the high-pitched shriek that immediately ensued. Pathetic human, he thought to himself. He hoped that Michael would be reasonable. If not, he would end this in a more permanent manner. "Scott, there will be another man looking for me. My business with him is even more urgent. Make certain he is personally escorted to me."

 

"Uhhh... and if Michael is still with you, boss?" Scott asked, his tone implying he expected the nuisance of Michael Novotny not easily managed.

 

A cold laugh followed. "Don't worry, he won't be. I will send Michael on his way quickly---"

 

When the door to his office opened without the courtesy of a knock, Brian glared fiercely at it, his gaze even more ferocious when the door opened and Michael stepped inside. "I really don't care if I instructed you to come back here, I expect my privacy to be respected. You are always to knock first."

 

"What's the big deal, Bri?" Michael squawked. "You invited me, and I'm your best friend." When Brian's eyes shot daggers of hate at him, Michael amended, "Okay, maybe we're not best friends, but I'm trying to be."

 

"Sit down, Michael. I will explain this one more time, and it needs to be the last time. I don't have time to repeat myself on a daily basis." Brian watched as Michael flopped down into the chair across from his desk, in obvious disregard for his personal property, once again reminding himself that human life was precious, further cautioning himself that he didn't kill unless his very life necessitated it. At the moment, it was so difficult to remember that.

 

Michael gaped at him, an incredulous look on his face. "Damn, why are you so angry? Could it be that your trick got away?" Waving his hand, Michael gave a look of disgust. "It happens to us all, but he wasn't worth your time. That twink isn't even your type."

 

Brian clenched his fists at his sides, barely able to restrain himself. The last thing he needed was a body to remove, with Justin's boyfriend soon to arrive. "You don't know me well enough to know anything about my fucking type!" Brian glared hatefully at the annoying blood bag. "And, you never will."

 

"Don't say that, Brian. Everyone needs friends, even you---"

 

"Not everyone, and even if I did, I certainly don't have to choose you." Brian shook his head, realizing he would probably never get through to this hard-headed human. This was Michael's last chance. He didn't have time to deal with his insanity further. "You give me no choice, Michael. I have no place for you in my life. I don't want to look at you. If you persist in following me around, I will ban you from my club." Brian closed his eyes for a moment, hoping that it could end here. His rage wouldn't allow this encounter to resolve open-ended.

 

Michael's eyes widened, nearly bulging from his head, his face becoming a darker shade of red. He began to sputter, "W-what d-did I do, Brian? I haven't meant to be a pest. I just want us to be friends. I have feelings for you, Bri. Don't push me away---"

 

"Feelings for me? Do you hear yourself? You have a boyfriend, at least, I thought you did... and, we hardly know each other. I lead a complicated life, Michael; I can't have you becoming a problem." Brian stood to his feet, moving to stand in front of the desk, poised to strike out and end this with finality given the slightest provocation. These next moments would be crucial for Michael Novotny.

 

Standing to his feet, not even looking at Brian, Michael began to make his way to the door, defeat in the slump of his shoulders. His hand on the door handle, he looked back with sadness in his eyes. "I do have a boyfriend, but he works so much that I rarely see him. I guess I thought you could fill in the gaps. I don't know. Maybe I've been hoping for more. I won't bother you again. If we talk, it will be at your initiative."

 

Narrowing his eyes, Brian nodded, still uncertain that Michael would truly comply; although, for the first time, he believed that Michael understood that he had no interest in him. He would still be on his guard in regards to Michael Novotny, in his mind, this being Michael's last chance. Watching as Michael slipped out of the office, and for the moment, into safety from his savagery, Brian couldn't help but think that this wasn't completely resolved and that a more forceful end would inevitably be required. Pacing back and forth, Brian hoped he was overreacting... but his instincts were always precise. Michael was trouble, and in his world, trouble represented danger. In time, he might be forced to eradicate it completely. In fact, that time could be very soon.

 


 

Justin frowned as Seth began walking to the front door without a word indicating where he was going. "Uhhh, where are you going now?" He was already confused that Seth had returned home in the time that Brian had walked him home. They would have been together if Seth hadn't received the call from the hospital indicating an emergency. When he had asked him about it, he had gotten a very evasive answer, the only substance being it had been a false alarm.

 

"I need some air. I'll be back." Not even looking at his boyfriend, Seth told him, "don't wait up. Take your medicine and get some rest."

 

He needed some air? Hadn't he just walked here from the hospital? What the hell was going on with him? Seth often inferred that he was mentally impaired and needed that medication to balance everything out, and yet, he wasn't the one that was acting unhinged. Shaking his head, Justin went into the bathroom, first pouring himself some water, automatically reaching for his medication, tapping it until one pill fell into his hand, for several moments simply looking at it as if he expected it to give him all the answers to his many questions.

 

Although Brian was a virtual stranger to him, his advice kept echoing in his head. Stop taking the pills. He had never doubted his need for them. Seth was a nurse and pushed them with fierce intensity. Not only did he advise him to take them; often, Seth stood at his side as he did. He hadn't thought about that much before now... but was that even normal? Justin shrugged his shoulders, assuming that Seth was simply that committed to his wellbeing. No, this wasn't about doubting Seth; at least, he didn't think it was. Any doubts were more about whether the pills were still necessary. He really wanted to talk to Seth about it before making a hasty decision... but, he knew what Seth's opinion would be.

 

Justin raised the pill to his mouth, in his mind seeing Seth staring intently at him as he took the pill; and also, Brian telling him to try going without them. Fuck. He couldn't decide. Should he heed a stranger's advice over the man that so zealously cared for him? It didn't make sense. A moment later, Justin made his choice, dropping the pill into the sink, and washing it away with the glass of water in his other hand. He watched it dissolve and float away before he placed the bottle back in the cabinet. One pill missing as his dosage would require, but not at work inside of him. While he figured this out, Seth wouldn't be any the wiser.

 

As he left the bathroom and moved toward the bedroom, Justin wondered if he had made the right choice, deciding that missing one pill shouldn't matter that much. If it turned out to be a mistake, he was sure he would realize that soon enough...

 


 

Brian licked his lips, the hunger rising in him as his victim in a number of ways was escorted into his office. Not taking his eyes from the man that would not only feed his hunger but begin paving the way to his most aching desire, Brian whispered in a guttural tone, "Thank you, Scott. Make sure I'm not disturbed."

 

Silently, Scott nodded, knowing that when his boss gave instructions, it was always best to comply. He closed the door behind him, an almost sympathetic look given to the boss' visitor, surmising that he wouldn't want to be that man.

 

"Lock the door and sit on the couch. We have things to discuss---" Brian's eyes glowed as he gave his command, at the moment, curbing his hunger. There were other things to resolve first.

 

Obediently, Seth did as he was commanded, in such close proximity to the man that had complete control over him, unable to offer any resistance. Once he returned he sat down on the long couch, his eyes looking straight ahead, not seeing anything but a thick fog.

 

Brian sat down next to him, close enough to touch, but not seeking that contact yet. There would be plenty of time for that... and soon. Tonight, Seth would be appeasing in a number of ways. "I want to talk to you about Justin's medication. Tell me why he needs it." If his suspicion was correct, he would be ordering Justin's boyfriend to discard it immediately.

 

"He doesn't really need it. I just want him to have it." Seth spoke the words without any inflection, only answering what was being asked, unaware that his answers would only require deeper probing.

 

A cold smile curved his lips, his earlier rage toward Michael beginning to fade, and now, converting to this manipulative human. "Why do you want Justin to take unnecessary medication?"

 

"It makes him easier to manage, and I like controlling him."

 

"I see..." Brian whispered. He ran a fingertip down Seth's leg, idly stroking him, his hunger continuing to be under control, learning everything useful about the beautiful blond much more important. "I can understand why someone would want to control that delicious man..." Brian watched Seth's response, laughing at the brief flash of anger in his eyes, aware that his control over him wasn't absolute. Once he fed on him again tonight, that connection would be stronger. "Exactly how does it control him?"

 

Still looking straight ahead, Seth told him, "I'm not sure how this drug works for everyone, but with Justin's head trauma, it confuses a portion of his brain, mixing up what he remembers, with what he doesn't. That confusion makes him dependent on me and that's what I want."

 

Brian's hand momentarily tightened on Seth's leg, not relaxing until he heard the other man moaning in pain. By nature, he was a predator, manipulative as well... but, this disgusting human was even more so to make these choices against one of his own kind. Seth's actions were inhumane, immoral, and as a nurse, they could be illegal depending on how the medicine was dispensed. "You must have desired Justin immensely."

 

"You have no idea..." Seth whispered, even in his trancelike state, the lust evident in his tone.

 

Oh yes, I do. I desire him the same; however, I have the true power, and I will be the one to claim him. "I assume a doctor prescribed this prescription. How did you achieve that?"

 

"It wasn't difficult. I knew the textbook definitions of what would get the medication prescribed. I tested it on Justin while he was still in the hospital under my care. During that time, I convinced Justin that he was weak and delusional. It was in his file, and the doctor did what needed to be done." Seth didn't look up when Brian stood up and began pacing, unaware of how the vampire was keeping his rage in check.

 

Brian ran a hand through his hair, uncertain of why he cared how Justin had been so viciously manipulated by someone he trusted. Wasn't he cut the same way? No, he told himself. It wasn't the same at all. Seth was a medical professional, sworn to protect and heal... and a human. He wasn't human, his instincts were always centered around survival and taking what he both wanted and needed. The only thing they shared was a mutual desire for the blond beauty. "Stand up and come here to me."

 

Almost lethargically, Seth stood to his feet and approached the other man, his eyes staring straight ahead, unaware of how much the vampire wanted to kill him.

 

"When you go home, you will discard Justin's pills and you will tell him in the morning that he no longer needs them. I don't care how you tell him, but you will make sure that he never tries to refill that prescription again." Brian watched as a flicker of resistance appeared on Seth's face, knowing that wouldn't be a factor once they finished here tonight. Yanking the other man closer, Brian's fangs extracted, smoothly and quickly sliding them into the other man's neck. Brian fed ravenously on the man, as always, knowing exactly when to stop. As he fed on him, he instilled images in Seth's mind, his commands, and the consequences if he should fail. Brian knew this man would not fail him now.

 

Retracting his fangs, his eyes still glowing bright red, Brian asked him, "What are you going to do, Seth?"

 

"I am going to dispose of Justin's medicine. He doesn't need it anymore..."

 

Brian smiled, more than pleased with his success and his complete dominance over the other man that foolishly believed himself to be equally dominant. Seth was fortunate that it amused him to keep him alive. It would be so easy to drain his blood, here and now, but he also realized that he could be useful again. In fact, that moment would be now.

 

Brian unzipped his pants, slowly pulling his cock free. "On your knees, Seth. Show me what service you can provide---" To make things even more fun, Brian relaxed his control of Seth's mind, knowing it was no longer necessary. Seth was completely under his aura now. Asleep or awake, he was his to control.

 

Seth quickly obeyed the man that was now essentially his master, once he was in position, his eyes appreciative of the cock that demanded his immediate attention. "I - I shouldn't be doing this."

 

"Perhaps not... but you want to suck me. Don't you?" Brian whispered in a low voice, his thumb stroking along Seth's lips.

 

"Yes..." Seth moaned, his tongue slipping out to lap at Brian's cock. "I have wanted it since the first night."

 

"Well then, get to it... and when you're finished, I will give you some final instructions." The glow returned to Brian's eyes as Seth got down to the task of sucking him off, his thoughts not entirely on the act, as pleasant as it might be.

 

Soon, he would know if Justin's medicine was the barrier that blocked him. He thought it must be, but he couldn't be certain until it was tested. Next, Seth would be out of Justin's life; however, one step at a time. Brian didn't stop to think about how far he was going in his desire for one man. He only knew that he had to have Justin. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Justin would be his for the taking very soon...

 

TBC

 

Plans Set in Motion by confused_bliss

 

One Week Later...

 

Justin closed the door behind him, immediately calling out Seth's name. Moving through their apartment, Justin frowned when Seth continued to appear absent. Where had he gone this time? It didn't make sense, nor did his boyfriend's behavior during the course of the past week. It had been exactly one week since Brian had walked him home from Babylon. And, what a strange and interesting walk that had been...

 

Shaking his head, determined not to think about the strangely captivating Brian Kinney, Justin pondered Seth's recent behavior, unable to form any sort of logical conclusion. During the past week, Seth had been gone more than he had not, hours that were in much excess of his shifts at the hospital. They had certainly evolved into ships that pass in the night.  As much as a part of him enjoyed a break from Seth's typical hovering and controlling inclinations, he was still very confused. Seth was normally over-the-top attentive to him and had been since they had first met. His behavior was an oddity in an extreme way.

 

Attentive was actually a mild assessment of Seth's typical behavior in regards to him. Much of the time, Seth's possessive manner often had him feeling as if he was walking on eggshells around him... especially when in the presence of other men. In some ways, Seth reminded him of the mysterious Brian Kinney. They were both dominant men; and, since he didn't know Brian that well, he wasn't sure which man was more so... but for some reason, his instincts told him that Brian could be. The very thought of those intense and penetrating eyes caused a shiver to course down his spine...

 

Once more, Justin shook his head. He needed to focus on the here and now - in essence, his own reality. Fantasy had no place in his life. Fuck! There his drifting mind went again. Fantasy? He was happy with Seth, or at least, he had been. At least, he had believed himself to be happy. More and more, he had been thinking about their relationship and beyond. Perhaps going cold turkey on his medication hadn't been such a good idea. Although his thoughts had become more clear, he was suddenly overthinking everything. At times it seemed slightly overwhelming.

 

It was about time to start cooking dinner, and he wasn't sure what to do in regards to that either. Would he be eating alone tonight... again? Seth usually slept during the day, and they spent the evening together before his shift at the hospital. That clearly hadn't been the case lately. They really needed to talk. So many questions kept coming to his mind, and as he thought about it, he was certain they had occurred to him shortly after his medication had been cleared from his system. 

 

And, that was another thing. A stranger had been right about that. He had been consuming unnecessary medication for such a long time. Why had Seth been so insistent on him taking the medication? Seth had seemed slightly conflicted when they had discussed it. It was a brief conversation, which was exactly how their recent interactions had been. Although Seth had professed to agree with his choice, there had still been something not quite right. He had begun to wonder if there could be another reason Seth had wanted him to be medicated. But, that just didn't make any sense...

 

Frowning when his stomach began to growl, Justin moved into the kitchen, deciding he could, at the very least, fix that problem. Tonight, he would cook for one, and not labor over a meal that would either be left untouched by his boyfriend or unappreciated... if not both. As he looked in the cupboard and refrigerator, deciding what to prepare for yet another solo meal, he realized that talking with Seth was long overdue. Now that he was thinking a lot more clearly, he could see so many problems in their relationship. It was time they figured out what direction they were moving. 

 

As he pulled boxes from the cupboard, his breath lodged in his throat when he caught a glimpse of those menacing red eyes staring into his own. How was this even possible? He hadn't experienced one of his visions for weeks now. In fact, he had assumed it had been an effect of the medication. Was it just a mere memory of the premonition he had told Seth about? One that Seth denied ever coming true... or was it happening again? Grasping the counter tightly, Justin didn't fight the wave that overcame him, realizing to do so would be futile. Once again, those red eyes stared unblinkingly at him. But... why did he feel it was at him? The last time, it was Seth in danger in a dark alley with those penetrating eyes that seemed to stab into his very soul. Now, he felt they were directed at him. What did it all mean... and most important of all - who was the face that was hidden in the shadows behind those dark, menacing eyes? 

 


 

Brian barely looked up from the top of the head of the dark-haired man that was presently servicing his cock at the man that walked through the doors of his private office without the courtesy of knocking, his senses telling him precisely who had just entered. Seth. Justin's undeserving and criminal boyfriend. A brief smile twitched over his lips as he thought to himself - not for much longer.

 

Glaring at the man that halted as soon as he noticed the man on his knees behind the desk, Brian snapped, "You are fortunate I am nearly finished, or there would be consequences." As his throat began to ache and another hunger began to form, his eyes started to burn and glow. "Perhaps there will be since you have interfered in my other needs being satisfied---"

 

Seth cleared his throat, blinking in confusion. "I - I just thought if I arrived a little early, maybe I could get home earlier. Justin has been wondering where I've been spending my time... and the guy at the bar, your friend, I believe, told me that I should go straight back - that you were expecting me."

 

Ignoring the reference of the guy at the bar, instinctively knowing it was either Emmett or worse yet - Michael interfering again, Brian firmly pushed himself into the trick's mouth, the mention of Justin all it took to make him close to releasing. Fuck. That hot little blond had too much power over him. He needed to fuck him and taste him. It didn't even matter in what order... but he needed to have all of him, and soon. His focus was for shit in the meantime. And, that wasn't safe at all. Brian was silent as he pumped his release into the eager man's throat, now in a hurry to complete their business, knowing he would need to feed before he dealt with the obnoxious Seth. If not, he would probably rip him apart... and he didn't want that in his office at a filled Babylon.

 

"Lock the door, and have a seat. I will deal with you soon enough." Brian didn't watch to see if his orders were being followed. He knew they would be. Despite how commanding Seth tried to be with Justin, it had been all too easy to break through those barriers. He wasn't a true dominant at all. He was a user. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he would be doing Justin a favor extricating him from his life. After tonight, it would resolve very quickly. Either way, dominance or not didn't truly matter once he exerted his full power. Mortals had no hope of resistance. Soon, he would determine if Justin's medication was what had hindered him. No man had ever been able to resist his power. It couldn't possibly be more than that.

 

Brian watched the trick as he stood to his feet, his eyes blood red as they feasted on his partially bare chest, pleased that his access to his flesh would be quick and effortless. "Back up against the wall." Both men gasped when his fangs extracted. Brian laughed in response, first at the trick's sudden horror, and Seth's shock that he would feed in front of him. What did it really matter? Neither of them would remember moments after the deed was done. Slowly, Brian advanced towards his prey, his hunger causing his hazel eyes to glow, becoming a brighter red... menacing and alluring all at the same time.

 

"P-please... I-I don't know what you're into here, but I just want to go now." The trick was immediately silent when Brian raised his hand to silence him, his eyes burning into the other man's. At once, the man couldn't look away; in fact, no longer had the desire to do so.

 

"Relax. This will be quick... and you might actually enjoy it---" Brian didn't intend on giving the trick time to question him further, he wanted this business done quickly. First of all, his hunger needed to be fed, and his next priority would be dealing with Seth - once and for all. He was tired of waiting for what he most desired. As it was, he had already waited longer for Justin than he had any other man. That wait was nearly over. In one swift move, Brian slid his fangs into the man's neck, drinking hungrily from him, not the least bit surprised when he felt the man's dick hardening against him, accustomed to his prey becoming hot under his onslaught. As he fed on the willing man, Brian projected erotic imagery into the trick's mind, giving the man the most intense and pleasurable experience. In most cases, Brian tried to give as well as take. Even though it couldn't be considered an equal exchange, it was the best he could offer during such circumstances. However, in the case of the less deserving such as Seth... no pleasure was ever intentionally given.

 

Brian knew precisely how long he could safely feed in order for his victim to walk away on his own. It was a skill he had refined over the years and one that was crucial to his survival. He pulled his fangs out and stared intensely into the other man's dark and empty eyes. "All you will remember is having more pleasure than you've ever known. Go now."

 

Nodding his head slowly, the trick agreed. "Pleasure. Yes, it was..." Without another word, he silently walked to the door, unlocking it and closing it behind him, unaware and uncaring of what would transpire in the room following his departure. 

 

Returning to his desk, Brian tapped his chin thoughtfully, now that he was fed and feeling a bit less savage, deciding he needed to know if it had been Michael attempting to cause problems again, or his other somewhat friends attempting to be helpful. Aware that Seth was fully under his control now without the need for his hypnotizing eyes, Brian calmly stated, "Before we attend to more serious matters, I would like to know who sent you back here unannounced."

 

In his transfixed state, Seth immediately answered, "I don't know his name. He had dark hair, with a higher-pitched voice than is normal."

 

"Michael..." he hissed. If Michael was wise, which he knew he probably wouldn't be, he just could be his third victim this early in the night. As much as he abhorred the thought of placing his mouth on Michael's neck, it just might come to that. Placing him under his control was preferable to killing him, albeit only slightly. His head turned to stare coldly at the other man that had become a nuisance and a source of disgust to him. He pulled out a pad of paper and a pen, laying them quietly on the desk. "Come here and sit across from me."

 

Immediately, Seth obeyed the command, unable to do anything other than just that. Unblinking, he watched as Brian pushed the pad and pen towards him, looking at him in confusion. "What do you want me to do?"

 

"You will write a confession of your crime against Justin, making certain to start with a statement asserting that you are of sound mind and judgment."  Of course, he knew that wasn't exactly the truth... but first and foremost, the legalities needed to be observed. Brian stared coldly at the other man, almost hoping he would find the will to fight him. Ripping him apart was an act that would provide him the most immense of pleasure; although, a more civilized approach is what he always tried to achieve.

 

Seth picked up the pad and pen, holding them both, but not writing anything on the paper. "I will lose Justin, my career and everything..."

 

"You should have thought about the consequences before you committed such a heinous crime!" Brian snarled. "Depending on your administrative staff, and the code of ethics they exude, you will most likely go to prison as well." Shrugging his shoulders completely indifferent to the odious man's dilemma, Brian menacingly told him, "Start writing or I will drain you now!"

 

Unable to do anything else, Seth began writing, after so much blood being taken by Brian in the past couple of weeks, his will completely obliterated. Once he finished writing his statement, he moved to pass it back to the intense and observant vampire, nearly jumping when Brian barked, "Sign it!"

 

His hand shaking, Seth signed the paper, once again, handing it back to Brian, his eyes wide and unblinking completely under the immortal's power. 

 

Quickly, Brian read it, smiling in satisfaction. Although he wished this confession could be brought about in another way, he knew with this man it would never happen. He would continue to play his cruel games not only with Justin but anyone else that it amused him to do so. This man was a criminal and needed to be punished. It was so tempting to see to that himself... but Justin needed to know what this man had done to him, and soon, the blond would know everything.

 

Tearing the sheet of paper, Brian folded it before handing it back to him. "Very good. You will give it to your employer immediately. Whatever happens... happens."

 

Nodding, Seth placed the piece of paper in his pocket, staring expectantly at the dangerous man. "Will that be all?"

 

"Not quite..." Instantly, Brian's eyes displayed a glowing red fire, his hunger renewed at the culmination of his plan. As much as he knew this cleared his path to what he desired most, that wasn't the predominant reason he was proceeding in such a manner. Seth had committed a despicable crime against Justin; and, if he probed further, would he find Justin hadn't been Seth's only victim of such a vile act? He wasn't going to do that; although, he trusted that the authorities would explore every possibility. Either way, Seth would be gone for a very long time.

 

Standing up, Brian moved around the desk, his eyes glowing and his hunger growing in him. "You will go home and confess to Justin what you have done. He will have the chance to tell you what a disgusting human you are." Brian's fangs extracted, in one quick motion, pulling the man to his feet, and with his vampire speed pushing him into the wall next to the door, his hand reaching out to lock it once again. His fangs slid into Seth's neck, angrily he began drinking from him, in his mind projecting horrific images into the other man's mind should he fail to obey his commands. 

 

When he was finished, he pulled back to look into Seth's eyes, satisfied with the pallor of his skin, knowing he took an excessive amount of blood, but not enough that he couldn't survive his journey home, nor what would inevitably follow. Brian bit into his own wrist and forced the man to drink a few drops of his blood, this deeper connection making it easier to track him and know if Seth completed his task. "Now my power is absolute. I will sense your desires, anxiety, or any indecision. If you fail me, Seth. I WILL kill you tonight."

 

Brian unlocked and opened the door, continuing to send images of death into the other man's mind, knowing not only had he assisted with justice being rendered more swiftly... but, his pursuit of Justin could truly begin now. For some reason, he sensed that Justin's reaction would be more of anger than of a broken heart. Either way, one problem was nearly resolved. As he walked out of his office, and out to the bar, Brian's eyes narrowed on Michael sitting by himself, seemingly waiting and watching for his return. As he had feared would be the result, Michael had only temporarily heeded his dire warnings.

 

Tonight, the problem of Michael Novotny would be resolved...

 

TBC

 

No More Stalker by confused_bliss

 

Seth stared down at Justin sleeping on the couch, undoubtedly waiting up for him as he had been every night during the past week. He wasn't going to wake him; although, he knew the monster that was terrorizing him wanted him to do exactly that. What would the harm be in waiting until Justin woke up on his own... or even in the morning? Seth winced as excruciating pain suddenly attacked at the back of his head. What the fuck, he thought to himself. Could Brian see that deeply into his mind to know about his slight rebellion? It was unthinkable. 

 

He began to frantically pace back and forth. How did he tell Justin this shocking news? Could he salvage anything with him? And, even if he could manipulate Justin into forgiving him, what would be the point? Once his confession reached the hospital administrators, not only would he be fired, but he would be facing charges as well. It was possible he wouldn't face jail time; but, at the very least, he would lose his license as a practicing nurse. Even though his head vibrated with menacing chants if he failed in his task, Seth could easily remember Justin's dire warnings the night he had first encountered the deadly monster. He should have heeded his advice. But, would it have even mattered? Once Brian saw Justin, it was all over. Seth was more than lucid enough to realize that Brian would have moved any obstacle that stood in his way.

 

Shaking his head, Seth slipped out of his jacket, tossing it haphazardly on the chair next to the couch, unaware that both his keys and confession were hanging through the opening. He couldn't do this now. Moving in the direction of the bathroom, he didn't look back at Justin again. He had to think, and he decided he would do that in the shower before he changed for the hospital, knowing his time there tonight would probably be short-lived. Surely, he had that much time before Brian would show up and attack him...

 

As he turned on the water, Seth could hear his cold voice stabbing into him - 'Do not fail me. Do not fail me.' Over and over it continued. Nothing could drown it out. Once he was out of the shower, he knew he had no choice but to obey the commands. If he didn't, he felt his head would explode. Yes he acknowledged to himself. He must obey.

 

Justin slowly blinked, his eyes opening, the sound of a door closing jarring him awake. "Seth?" he called out, sitting up and looking around the room. When his eyes fell on the closed bathroom door, with a light shining beneath, he realized that Seth must be home and was probably getting ready for work. Running a hand through his hair, Justin stayed on the couch, determined he would wait him out. 

 

Looking to his side, he noticed Seth's jacket tossed on the chair. That was an oddity in itself. Seth always hung his jacket on the coat rack. He was absurdly meticulous; although he realized in Seth's chosen profession, that probably should be expected. Positive that Seth had been rushed for some reason, Justin reached over to pick up Seth's jacket, preparing to take it over to the rack and hang it as Seth would normally do. When a folded slip of paper fell from the pocket, Justin found himself reaching for it, knowing it was perhaps an invasion of Seth's privacy, but for some reason, feeling compelled to see it. Justin told himself his response stemmed from Seth's strange behavior these last couple of weeks, even if he didn't feel quite right about looking at it.

 

As he began reading what appeared to be a statement, Justin's eyes began to grow wider, a pained gasp quickly following. Tears blurred his vision as he read what was a confession from Seth regarding criminal wrongdoing that he had perpetrated against him. His boyfriend had drugged him from the start? For what reason? To use and control him? He couldn't believe it... but the evidence was right in front of him. Seth was actually about to turn himself in... but why now? 

 

Justin shook his head. Why now didn't even matter. Seth had betrayed him. Drugged and manipulated him. All because he wanted them to be together? Anger and disappointment swelled in him. He had to get out of here. As much as he wanted to confront his former boyfriend, Justin knew now wasn't a good time. First, he needed to get his feelings under control. Jamming the confession back into Seth's jacket, Justin made his way to the door, only taking his wallet and keys. He would return for his things once Seth had left for work. At the moment, he couldn't even bear looking at the deceptive asshole. 

 

Walking out of the building, and with no particular destination in mind, Justin wondered where he would go once he collected his belongings? Although he knew he could go home now that his parents were divorced, he still wasn't reconciled with how his mother hadn't tried harder to help him when his father emotionally abused him. In his mind, reaching out to her wasn't even an option. The truth of the matter was simple, though. He had to come up with an answer... and he needed to come up with it fast.

 


 

"My office... NOW," Brian snarled, his eyes savagely attacking Michael, determination, and finality resounding in his voice.

 

All eyes around the bar immediately looked in their direction, soon to look away when Brian harshly glared at all of them. He was pissed and he wasn't playing this game any longer. Dealing with Michael would simplify his life in so many ways. No matter how much he had tried other options, it all came down to this. It would be over tonight.

 

"Of course, Brian..." Michael grinned from ear to ear, shooting a victorious look in Emmett's direction, before walking away, he mouthed, ‘I told you so,' to his friend, unaware that this was anything but a good thing.

 

As Brian led the way back to his office, he could feel his rage intensifying at an alarming rate. He was torn on how to properly handle Michael. His instincts implored him to end his worthless life now... but, he had made a critical mistake just moments ago, something that he rarely allowed himself to do. He had created a scene in front of far too many witnesses. Half of them were probably either drunk or high off of their asses. That didn't really matter. There were too many people to chase down and clear their memories. 

 

He couldn't kill Michael. For tonight, at the very least, Michael had a reprieve. However, the annoying little pissant would leave Babylon well under his control; and, perhaps he would find a use for him after all. The most nauseating part to him was in the knowledge that he would be forced to place his mouth to Michael's neck, and take his blood. Feeding on Michael was the last thing he wanted to do, but it was a necessity now.

 

Once they were inside his office, Brian hissed, "Close and lock the door behind you. I don't want any interruptions."

 

Michael smirked. Finally, Brian was getting it. He had waited so long, and his patience was about to pay off. He did as Brian told him, not even flinching at the anger on Brian's face, deciding it couldn't be anger he was seeing, but instead, an unfulfilled desire on his soon-to-be lover's face. Michael moved toward him, unable to resist running his hand along the front of Brian's shirt, wincing when Brian's hand shot out to grasp his wrist in a painful grip. "B-brian? W-what the fuck? You're hurting me---"

 

"I want to do much more than that!" Brian hissed, a momentary flash of red coming and going in his eyes.

 

"Of course you do. I know that. But, not so rough, okay?" Michael looked at Brian apprehensively, but still oozing with confidence, when he added, "You don't need to worry, Bri. I'm here for you. In fact, I broke up with David, just knowing we would be together soon."

 

Brian flung Michael's wrist away in disgust, the force causing Michael to stagger on his feet. "Are you out of your fucking mind? I have been more than honest with you, Michael. I have no interest in you in any capacity. I don't intend wasting more time on words that don't seem to penetrate your delusional brain. I just don't get you, Michael!"

 

"But that's the problem, Brian. You've never understood or listened to my feelings." Michael looked up at Brian with stars in his eyes, a dreamy expression on his face. "I love you. I've always loved you. I can't think about anything else... only you." 

 

"Fuck!" Brian hissed. He couldn't deal with this anymore. He had to wonder, though. Was this his fault? Vampire aura affected people differently. He had never used it on Michael, but the weak-minded were often more susceptible. Either way, it ended now. "I didn't want it to come to this, Michael, but you leave me with no choice. Your lust for me is about to turn into revulsion. And, call it what you will, it is only lust."

 

"Revulsion? I could never feel like that about you. And, I know my heart, Brian. I love you! We are meant for each other. I don't even mind you tricking; as long as you come home to me---" Michael's words became lodged in his throat when he noticed Brian's eyes turning into glowing red orbs, terrifying and hypnotizing, his hands clenching and unclenching at his sides, Brian's footsteps taking him quickly to Michael, the other man backing up until he was against the locked door.

 

Brian laughed in disgust. "You're not going anywhere, Michael... at least, not quite yet. You wanted me so much? Well, you will get this part of me---" Uncaring of how much he alarmed Michael, Brian revealed his fangs, immediately sinking them into Michael's neck, slightly repelled at the feel of his mouth against Michael's flesh. He despised Michael all the more for feeling as if he had forced him into this nauseating act. He drank from him only briefly, before he pulled back just as savagely, his eyes glowing all the more, hypnotizing him in one simple glance.

 

"Look deeply into my eyes, Michael, and hear my words. You will obey my every command from this day forward. Nod your understanding..." Brian waited for Michael to slowly respond, satisfied by the other man's trance-like state that indicated everything was proceeding as it should be. "You feel nothing but revulsion for me. When you see me, you will look the other way before leaving my presence entirely. You don't want any involvement with me. Do you understand?"

 

"Yes, I understand..." Michael answered in a barely audible voice, but more than loud enough for Brian to hear him. 

 

Brian shook his head, pissed that it had to go this far, but pleased that Michael's stalking would finally come to an end. "Should I ever summon you for any reason, you will come to me without question and obey my every command." Brian doubted that he would ever do that, but it was a point he wanted to be established - here and now. "You won't remember any of this, Michael... but you will always recognize your disgust and loathing of me. Leave now." Brian released Michael from his gaze, immediately severing their connection, anxious to see the displeasure in Michael's eyes.

 

"Brian? What the hell am I doing in here?" Michael looked around in confusion, irritation, and disgust on his face. 

 

"We had some things to discuss, but we're done now." Brian stared coldly at the other man. "Perhaps you should leave."

 

Turning around Michael tried to open the door, discovering it was locked. Swearing, Michael shook his head in disgust. "Uhhh yeah, I think I should. Why is the door locked?"

 

"I have no idea, Michael, perhaps you locked it by accident." Brian watched Michael closely, pleased that this problem was resolved. All in all, it had been a good night, except Seth still wasn't completely under control... a problem he intended on rectifying next. Shortly after he began his mind manipulation of Michael, his senses had alerted him to discord with Seth. There was something hindering Seth from talking to Justin... and he was about to find out why.

 

"Well, that's stupid..." Michael grumbled. "I wouldn't want to be locked in here with you..." 

 

Brian smiled coldly. "My sentiments exactly. Now, leave. I have things to do---"

 

Michael turned to glare at Brian in response but froze as soon as they made eye contact. Before turning away, Michael nodded, and left the room, in obvious agreement that they both go their separate ways.

 

"Finally..." Brian sneered as he walked in the opposite direction, moving toward the backdoor of Babylon, realizing he needed to hurry in order to intercept Seth before he arrived at the hospital. The vile man had better have his confession in hand, and a valid excuse for not telling Justin of his crimes, because he knew without a doubt, neither had been accomplished yet. 

 

His warning to Seth had been more than clear. Obey him, or die tonight. 

 

TBC

 

Unexpected Visitor by confused_bliss

 

Brian moved through the streets, his supernatural speed giving him a quick course to his destination. He didn't need to move at a slower pace in order to scan bodies or faces. After consuming so much of Seth's blood, he would sense him long before he encountered him. At the moment, he was uncertain how he would ultimately handle Seth's extraordinary disobedience. The simple fact that he had seemingly achieved it was his greatest concern.

 

Seth was human. He shouldn't be able to resist him, whether he had done so being away from his aura or not. There must be a reasonable explanation about why Seth had been hindered in confessing to Justin. Although, he realized it was possible if Seth hadn't been in contact with Justin as of yet. A primal growl escaped as he captured Seth's scent. It wouldn't be long before he had his answers...

 

Slowing his footsteps to a brisk, yet measured pace, Brian followed at a distance, his eyes quickly scanning their surroundings, about to make a decisive choice on when and where to attack. He was always cautious when he moved in on his prey. Despite his desire for an expeditious resolution, he wasn't inclined to take risks here. Observing that Seth was about one block from the hospital, Brian picked up his pace, realizing he needed to act now. Silently, but knowing that Seth would clearly hear his commanding thoughts, Brian imposed his will, ‘Seth... stop and come to me NOW.'

 

Instantly, Seth's footsteps stilled, his body slowly and lethargically turning to face the force that wasn't to be denied. Slowly he stepped forward, his eyes slightly glazed and unfocused on his surroundings. Brian watched the entire process, his supreme night vision absorbing every detail of Seth's responses. It was as it should be - Seth was powerless and completely under his control. Perhaps this cretin wouldn't need to be drained after all. Staring at him with menace, and little regard for compassion, Brian was silent until he was in front of him. "Follow me. This shouldn't take very long---"

 

Seth followed, his fatigue from their earlier meeting making him even more susceptible to the vampire's control, his mind devoid of anything that didn't center around pleasing the other man. He didn't stop until Brian motioned for him to do so, his eyes staring straight ahead, unblinking, neither looking at Brian nor anything else. 

 

"You have failed me, Seth. And, I believe I warned you about the consequences of such an action---" Brian hissed, his body turning to pin Seth against a darkened wall in the alley, only a dim streetlight illuminating around them. "You have one minute to tell me WHY!"

 

"Justin was asleep when I got home... on the c-couch---" Seth began to stammer. "So, I-I took a shower before getting ready for work, and when I came back out, he was gone."

 

Gone? Brian thought to himself. That was intriguing. Where could that delicious boy have wandered off to? That was something he would certainly investigate once his business with Seth was complete. Forcing the thoughts of hunting his not-so-secret desire to the back of his mind; at least, for the moment, Brian found himself slightly relieved by the answer, realizing Seth's actions hadn't been an act of impossible rebellion that his victim shouldn't have the strength to pursue. "Very well..." he growled. "I should have been more clear with my commands. You should have awoken Justin. He shouldn't discover your crime against him second hand."

 

"Of course not," Seth agreed, finally displaying no will to fight his destiny. "I will tell him t-tonight. I p-promise you that---"

 

"Yes, you will..." Brian growled, his fangs quickly protruding, his eyes glowing, at once his hunger overwhelming him. "First, you will turn in your confession, and then, once they release you from your duties, which I am quite sure they will, you will tell Justin."

 

"I-I will try..." Seth weakly answered, his eyes captured and held by the glowing red eyes, not an ounce of resistance remaining.

 

Brian's eyes flared an even darker red, Seth's words infuriating him even more. "Try? You will do more than that! Justin will know what you have done... and it will be tonight!" Brian wouldn't relent on that. Justin deserved the opportunity to unleash his own brand of fury on the immoral and despicable man... a man that had sworn to the care of his patients. What Seth had done was unfathomable, even to a primitive creature such as himself. "Before we proceed, Seth, there's something I've been meaning to ask. I sense this wasn't just about your desire for Justin. I think there's more. I want to know what it is."

 

Seth blinked, immediately answering, "When Justin was admitted, I overheard information that was too tempting for me to resist. Justin comes into a sizable inheritance when he's twenty-five years old. I believe it's around two million dollars. I-I had been struggling financially. I hadn't been in my position for long. Even though I wanted him... I wanted that money even more."

 

A snarl echoed through the abandoned alley, with Brian suddenly uncertain he would spare this animal's life. "You disgust me! I understand a crime of passion. Justin is one to inspire that... but to drug him, emotionally abuse him, all for the love of money - you are beyond redemption. I should kill you now!"

 

"N-no! P-please d-don't... I promise I w-will confess. I will even leave here with what I have and never return. J-just please don't kill me." Seth began to plead, terror and hopelessness in his eyes.

 

Brian thought about his pleas for a long moment. He already knew what he was going to do... what he felt he had to do. His decision began in the knowledge that he didn't trust the justice system and feared that Seth would merely be punished by losing his medical license - if the hospital even went public with his private confession. This man would continue his path of destruction should he be allowed to live his life away from here. In time, Brian knew he would no longer be in control of him, especially the further Seth traveled away from here. Although uncertain of why he cared, he refused to allow him to victimize anyone else. That decision clear, Brian was going to do what he hadn't done in many years. He was going to take a human life. In the end, he only trusted his own brand of justice...

 

Shaking his head, back and forth, even in his weakened state of mind, he could see his death in Brian's eyes. Brian wasn't being subtle about his intentions. Seth opened his mouth to beg the beguiling monster, knowing he was about to die, his fear at war with his desire to obey Brian's every command. "P-Please... d-don't do this. I-I will leave t-tonight. Y-you don't have to do this---"

 

"Unfortunately I do..." Brian snapped, in a lightning-swift motion, carrying the other man further into the darkness of the alley, quickly moving in for the kill, refusing to give Seth an opportunity to call out and jeopardize innocent bystanders. "Relax. It will be quick, and far more merciful than you deserve." 

 

In one brutal twist, Brian snapped Seth's neck, suddenly determining he had lost his desire to feed his hunger with this disgusting human. His blood supply was endless, and with men that he took special measures to ensure they enjoyed the experience. In most cases, he did give as well as take. In regards to this horrid creature, he had taken all that his primitive nature would allow. Brian watched as the life drained from Seth's body, knowing he could revive him to be like him if he wanted... but this depraved man was the last man he would ever give the power of a vampire. In life, he had been vindictive and heartless...  as a vampire, his strength would leave a trail of bodies in his wake. Not to mention, there wasn't a doubt in his mind that he would go after Justin, even if based on revenge. He couldn't have that.

 

Brian gathered Seth's deceased body into his arms, preparing to take flight and properly dispose of him, as he did, he couldn't help wondering why he was so protective of Justin. Attachments were not his way. In fact, he abhorred them. For one, he never grew older; therefore, friendships couldn't be maintained. A solo existence kept him living in one area longer. Having friends that kept getting older, while he remained the same, inevitably raised questions. Also, he never cared enough to form a close relationship with anyone. Perhaps it was a lonely existence at times, but it was how his life had to be, and for the most part, it wasn't any hardship for him. 

 

As he moved them through the alley, and then to his private home far outside of the city, Brian continued to think about what his actions tonight could render. His thoughts continued to return to Justin. He cursed at the dead man for forcing his hand. Justin wouldn't know of Seth's actions, and would probably pine for his missing lover. In time, the blond would simply assume that Seth ran off, but how long would he wait for him? Just the idea of Justin yearning for his former lover caused an unfamiliar ache in his chest that moved up to his throat. Brian snarled as he neared his home, his contempt for Seth growing more fiercely. 

 

He was met at the door by a familiar face. Brian quirked a brow in response. "Well well, big brother. Slumming are we?"

 

A reproving look was cast his way upon seeing the bundle Brian held in his arms. "I see you have overindulged yourself tonight. In fact, it was the already decaying scent that made me aware of your arrival."

 

"You always had a good nose, Benjamin. I didn't drain him, although, I have fed from him in the past. He is a vile human and I felt this was the best resolution." Brian stared deeply into his brother's eyes, in doing so, able to share everything about Seth's demise with him, due to their extreme connection, in addition to his brother's extraordinary power. 

 

Ben took a step back, his eyes widening before he looked away to glance at the body in Brian's arms. "Truly a despicable creature, Brian, but we shouldn't get so involved in human affairs. It's dangerous for your survival... OUR survival."

 

"You know I am always careful, and I don't go to these extremes often." Brian brushed past his brother, knowing he needed to rid both himself and his home of the stench of the decaying body soon. "I need to dispose of him." A rare smile of warmth curved Brian's lips. "It's been a long time, Ben. I'm really happy you're here."

 

"I've missed you, Brian. And, I'm tired of roaming. I'd like to stay, at least for a while, if that's agreeable?" Ben asked, a slight bit of uncertainty in his voice.

 

Brian frowned, laughing at the absurdity of the question. "You are welcome in my home for as long as you wish to stay. Just no philosophical lectures on my choices."

 

Ben laughed, it was both stoic, as well as filled with the feeling only extended to someone very close. "I will try, Brian, but you know that might be too much for me to endure."

 

Shrugging, as he moved forward, Brian teasingly told him, "That should be simple for you... after all, you are a man that has mastered resisting his greatest temptations."

 

"True enough." Ben reached out and took the man from Brian's arms, smiling at his brother's look of confusion. "I will take care of the disposal for you. Go ahead and get cleaned up."

 

"Are you sure? I know how distasteful you find it to be." Brian was surprised by Ben's offer before full clarity descended in waves. "Of course, I should have known. Not only are you an aged vampire, but you are also a seer, a rarity with our kind. You think you will make a discovery while handling his disposal."

 

Ben nodded. "I've always had your back, brother. You should know that." A deep sigh escaped, before Ben almost grudgingly added, "It wasn't only boredom that brought me here, Brian. I have been seeing turmoil surrounding you. Lately, you have been indecisive, not to mention conflicted. For your survival that must be resolved."

 

Justin. Brian closed his eyes for a moment. Ben had sensed his confusion about Justin, primarily stemming from how he had been unable to use his aura on the unresponsive blond. "I have everything under control, brother. You don't need to be concerned."

 

"Not be concerned, Brian? I am not only your brother; I also made you immortal. Therefore, anything that becomes a distraction to you, immediately becomes my problem as well." Instantly Ben's expression became fiercer than any Brian had ever seen before. "It would be wise to remember that."

 

TBC

 

Just One Taste by confused_bliss

 

Brian had oddly lost track of the time when his keen senses alerted him to the close proximity of his much-desired prey. He had just finished feeding and was about to begin another kind of hunt; one that he hoped ended with the hot little blond finally moving toward him. Licking his lips as his eyes focused on Justin's perfectly rounded ass, Brian knew his control would be more tested now. Justin no longer had his watchdog to monitor his every move; of course, Brian had never truly been hindered by Seth's slight interference. He had been nothing more than a pesky insect that was easily squashed beneath his heel. Brian laughed mirthlessly to himself. In essence, that was very close to what had happened, even though he hadn't acted as he had with exclusively self-serving reasons.

 

For a few moments, Brian simply followed closely behind him, uncertain of how he would make his next move, for now, simply admiring the tempting beauty that seemed to be idly walking along the darkened waterfront. Why was the blond even here? Justin appeared to be wandering around without any clear destination in mind. Brian surmised something was troubling the other man, but he doubted it could be his former boyfriend's demise. Justin would have no way of knowing about that. Brian frowned as he watched Justin moving at a slow pace, the boy's attention not on anything nor anyone. This was a dangerous area for one as vulnerable as he perceived Justin to be. There were many types of predators eager to pounce on the weak. He realized that wouldn't happen with him watching the young blond so intently, but he wondered to himself-- what if he wasn't here to protect him?

 

Brian shuddered, instantaneously realizing that to be a ridiculous response. Since when did he care about the fate of others? He was immortal, and not driven by human emotions. His fascination with Justin had all of his actions and responses in turmoil. This needed to end. Brian thought about Ben's presence, and his less than subtle warnings. Ben was devoutly protective of him. There wasn't a doubt that Ben would act out if he believed his brother had taken leave of his senses, risking his existence due to a distraction regarding a human. Brian had no intention of allowing things to escalate any further. Once he satisfied his lust for the blond... both on his body and his blood, Brian knew it would be resolved. Scowling at the unbidden thought that Justin wouldn't be so easily categorized, Brian moved in closer... 

 

It had to be that simple... and it would be.

 


 

Justin gradually became more aware of his surroundings, his senses suddenly becoming alert. He felt eyes on him; although, in the darkness of the night, he realized it would be useless to seek them out. He had ventured much farther away than he had originally intended; and now, he knew he needed to get back home... or at the very least, somewhere safer than the darkened waterfront. For an instant, his footsteps faltered, his thoughts making it more difficult to keep moving steadily along. Home. Where would that be now? He didn't have a home now. All he did know was that he needed to get away from here and back to the apartment while Seth was gone. He would have a bit of time to collect his things, and hopefully, figure out where he would go next. It wasn't that he was penniless, he did have money in the bank... but, he had to make what he had last. He had so many decisions to make... and he needed to make them quickly. 

 

Turning the corner, away from the water, Justin gasped as he was pulled sideways, a rapid motion propelling him forward; although, strangely, not feeling his own footsteps carrying him along. Realizing that he had been maneuvered into an even more secluded section of the docks, he opened his mouth to scream, when a finger flattened over his slightly trembling lips. Instantly, Justin's terror vanished, a unique scent overwhelming him, not a doubt of it being his not-so-secret admirer. His hand lifted to brush Brian's finger away from his mouth, even in the near darkness, unable to miss the hunger in the other man's eyes. "Brian, you nearly scared me half to death! What has gotten into you?"

 

Brian knew he was handling this encounter all wrong... but his hunger for this man was too much for the savage in him to endure. He had hunted this man for longer than he had any other man. Brian accepted that his desire for this particular human was at an intensity much higher than any before Justin - even if he only acknowledged that to himself. Even knowing the blond could bolt, Brian pressed his body into the other man's, letting his desire be more fully felt. In a moment, though, Justin wouldn't have a doubt of that. "Two very interesting points. Let's start with the first one before we proceed... It's extremely foolish for a boy with such vulnerabilities such as yourself to brave the dark waterfront with all sorts of predators about. If I wasn't so pleased that I so easily found you, I might want to spank your hot little ass for such disregard for your safety."

 

Scowling into the semi-darkness, Justin pushed against Brian's chest, not the least bit surprised that he couldn't gain any separation. There was something about Brian Kinney that screamed unparalleled strength. He wasn't about to admit it to Brian, but he felt safe now. Somehow he just knew no harm would befall either of them here. He had to try to distance himself, though. Brian's words of spanking him had caused his own cock to twitch. The very last thing he needed was to encourage Brian even more. "I didn't mean to end up here; I was just walking and not paying attention. Either way, I can take care of myself."

 

"Is that so?" Brian asked through a sarcastic laugh. The boy had no idea of the dangers he could have faced out here tonight, nor could he know how easily he could combat them. Hopefully, he wouldn't need to find out. Revealing his full nature to Justin was something he couldn't do until he was certain he could delve into his mind. Doing so without that ability would have Ben breathing down his neck... and, that was something that wouldn't end well for Justin. "I won't dispute that now. I'd rather move onto your other point."

 

Justin blinked, already forgetting what that had been. Brian's nearness and determined pursuit always wiped his thoughts from his mind. What was it about this man that pulled him in? The last thing he should be thinking about was this man, at least not tonight after what he had learned about Seth's betrayal, and how it would ultimately affect him. "Uhhh, this is interesting and all... b-but, I really should be getting home, Brian."

 

"Not quite yet..." Brian rasped, his hands moving to slide down to Justin's hips, his own pushing even harder into him. He could feel every inch of the other man against him. They had never been wedged so tightly together... and this was only the beginning. He lowered his head to breathe in Justin's scent, his lips opening on the blond's neck. It took all of his resolve not to extract his fangs and taste him. He had a deep craving to do so, but not nearly as much as he desired to fuck him. "You smell so good..." he growled, his teeth and tongue nipping along his neck, "I know you will taste even better---" Brian's eyes turned black in the darkness, his hunger overwhelming. With his mouth open on Justin's warm flesh, he couldn't deny his most primitive call. He would deal with the consequences later. Right now, he had to taste him, and in doing so, solve the matter of his curiosity about Justin's taste. 

 

Justin moaned, unable to resist placing his arms around Brian, his hands clinging to his back, his neck arching into Brian's determined onslaught. For a moment, Justin felt like Brian's teeth had pierced his skin, but the thought immediately vanished when he became overwhelmed with pleasure from Brian's ministrations.  Justin felt his cock leaking, the pleasure suddenly overtaking him. "B-Brian... p-please stop... it's too much."

 

Brian swore to himself. He had lost control, and now he had to rein himself in before he revealed everything to Justin. It wasn't any surprise that Justin was so responsive to his actions, his victims always were, but Justin's initial response had been different. Whether the blond knew it or not, he was an extremely sexual creature. Brian could both smell it and taste it in him. He had never meant to taste him... at least, not tonight. And, now that he had, would he ever be able to deny himself? Justin's blood was rich, thick, and utterly addictive, and he'd only claimed a small taste. Everything about this man was unique. Fuck, Brian thought to himself. What had he gotten himself into? He licked the small wound closed, in doing so, healing it instantly. There would be no marks remaining... but, Brian knew he would never forget Justin's exquisite taste. Another temptation he would be forced to resist. He believed that he could; at least, for the moment. The burning question remained - for how long?

 

TBC

 

An Unexpected Answer by confused_bliss
Author's Notes:

A/N: To anyone that has been reading this story elsewhere, this is a NEW chapter. I hope you enjoy it.

:)

 

 

Justin smiled nervously at Brian when they reached the door to his apartment. A slight grimace befell him. Not actually his apartment, but Sean's instead. He desperately wanted to tell the unprincipled SOB exactly what he thought of him but he wasn't sure if his head was right to do that. Each day he was off of the medication, he began grasping more and more clarity. The fog was gradually lifting, which in so many ways was a relief. He had so much to think about and decide; but, for now, he would get some rest and hopefully be gone before Seth returned in the morning. Facing him really wasn't the problem. He just didn't want to hear more lies, and not being able to completely separate his lies from the truth - if he ever told him any of the latter. At the moment, he didn't trust anything Seth had to say to him and only believed every word he spoke was simply another cruel manipulation.

 

Turning the key in the lock, Justin turned to hesitantly look back at Brian, not a doubt in his mind that the other man didn't have any intention of a quick goodnight. The determination was both in his stance and even more so, in his eyes. "Uhhh, thanks for walking me home, Brian; although, it wasn't at all necessary."

 

"Perhaps not to you... but it was to me," Brian answered, uncaring if he was saying more in both his words and tone than he was openly admitting. Although his own reasons were varied, Brian needlessly reminded him, "You are clearly not yourself tonight, Justin. Your actions on the docks displayed that."

 

"I made an upsetting discovery this evening, and I just needed to clear my head." Justin frowned as he thought about that for a minute. Clear his head? It's amazing how different he felt since he had been doing that for days now. Those damn pills had enabled Seth to control him. Perhaps now he could have a normal life.

 

Brian stared intently at the young man that he had so far failed to compel. He wondered just how clear his head was now... and if he should make a new attempt. Brian knew he was going to try at some point. His deep interest in Justin, in particular, his immense desire for him, wouldn't allow for any other course of action. "Invite me in, Justin. I think we should talk more."

 

"Talk?" Justin teasingly asked, knowing with Brian, it was never as simple as that. He didn't see any harm in it. It wasn't that late, and he really did need to talk. 

 

"Yes, Justin, talk. That act where one opens their mouth and words come out." Brian arched a brow, waiting for the much-needed invitation, realizing how beneficial it would be for him in the future. "Now, be a good boy and ask me to come in."

 

Justin rolled his eyes, bewildered by why Brian needed a formal invitation; however, once he stepped across the threshold, asking his expectant guest, "Would you like to come in?"

 

Finally, he thought to himself. This was progress and a simple act that would change things immensely. Brian didn't foresee a time that he would come inside without permission... but, having Justin's invitation made it so he could. That could become beneficial under certain circumstances. "Thank you, Justin. I would like that."

 

For a brief moment, Justin looked around, making sure that no signs of Seth unexpectedly returning while he had been out having been an occurrence. "Would you like something to drink?" Justin offered, walking into the kitchen to get himself a bottle of water, his self-preservation instincts well intact. There was no way he intended to drink alcohol when he was alone in his apartment with Brian. He had never met anyone as elemental as Brian. The sexual allure he carried himself with was unlike anything he'd ever known. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that such an allure and charisma was uncommon. On every one of their encounters, Justin had felt off balance. He wondered how much more so he would feel in this more intimate environment.

 

"Nothing for me, Justin." Brian's eyes flared briefly, aware that he couldn't tell him that what he wanted to drink wasn't presently on the menu. Brian was more than confident that it would be, though. And very soon. In fact, he would be drinking two different essences. After his brief taste of him earlier, he wasn't sure which flavor he most wanted to gorge himself on...

 

Slightly timidly, Justin returned to the couch, making sure to sit at the furthest end, realizing that to be a most futile defense mechanism. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that if Brian wanted to pounce, it wouldn't matter where he was in the room. Justin was even more doubtful at how convincingly he could protest as well. He was sure his resolve could be put to the test very soon. "So, uhhh, you wanted to talk?"

 

"I did." Brian arched a brow in amusement by how Justin seemed to be clinging to the far end of the couch. The boy had so much to learn. "Do I make you nervous, Justin?"

 

Justin shook his head, then when he turned his head to meet Brian's fierce gaze, he nodded in affirmation. "I guess a bit. I don't even know why either. You haven't threatened me, and yet, I feel like you're dangerous." Justin laughed nervously. "I know it doesn't make any sense. Perhaps it's just the fog that's been in my brain unraveling. I hope it gets better soon."

 

"I won't lie to you, Justin. I can be extremely dangerous... when I need to be. I don't see me ever being like that with you."

 

"Yeah, I believe you." Justin didn't know why he believed this captivating man that was still virtually a stranger to him, he only knew that he did. "Uhhh, I suppose I should be grateful you came along when you did tonight. I was in a haze. My thoughts had me wandering aimlessly. I can't even remember heading in the direction of the waterfront."

 

"I'm glad I did too..." Brian huskily replied. In fact, he was glad for a number of reasons, ones he wasn't quite sure he could prioritize at the moment. "Although it worked out, it was extremely reckless. I am curious about why such a sudden disregard for your safety."

 

Justin's spine stiffened, his eyes briefly flaring as he thought about Seth's betrayal. "I had a surprise. One that was horrifying. I just had to get out of here. I was just trying to clear my head and figure out what I should do next. I can't say I was thinking about anything else."

 

Even though he knew that Seth hadn't confessed to Justin prior to his death, Brian had the feeling that Justin knew something of true significance. There wasn't a doubt that he needed to dig until he found out exactly what he did know. As things stood now, he couldn't risk another attempt at compulsion.  "This horrifying event... was it to do with your boyfriend?"

 

"Ex-boyfriend..." Justin insisted vehemently. "And yeah. The asshole betrayed me in the worst possible way." Looking up, observing that Brian was watching him in rapt attention, Justin continued, "he manipulated me to take those pills all to control my mind. I didn't need the medication just as you had suggested. It started after I was bashed and under Seth's care in the trauma unit. What he did was criminal, not to mention cruel."

 

Brian wasn't a liar, despite the fact he was a vampire and had to hide his true identity and agenda. He had no intention of acting surprised. His questions had only been necessary to ascertain how much Justin knew about Seth's disgusting behavior. It was his hope that they moved on from Seth quickly. "Yes, it is. He should be behind bars, but sadly, I don't have a lot of faith in the justice system." Brian didn't elaborate on that, but to himself, acknowledged that he had lived a long time and had witnessed even viler crimes than the one Seth perpetrated against Justin. "I am sorry you had to be a victim of this heinous act, but I am glad you discovered it before the situation went on even longer. How did you find out?"

 

"I think he was probably going to tell me, but we just crossed paths. I was asleep on the couch when he was taking a shower. A note fell out of his pocket that was a confession for the hospital. I couldn't bear to confront him about it so I just left before he came back out." Justin grimaced, realizing how pathetic he sounded. "I guess that was cowardly. I just couldn't face him."

 

"It's not at all cowardly, Justin. Someone who would do what he did could be capable of anything if the discussion went badly. Your personal safety is all that matters," Brian told him sternly. "I doubt you will have to worry about him again."

 

"Perhaps not; that is if he really confessed. Right now, that's my concern. If he didn't, then he will be home in the morning. I can't be here for that---"

 

Brian knew there wasn't any way he could reassure Justin of the impossibility of that without revealing more than it was safe to say. And, if he did that, he could only imagine how Ben would react. During the course of his long existence, he had feared very little; however, his older brother in the grips of a full rage, that was fearsome. "I could help you with that, Justin."

 

"Help me?" Justin asked. "If you are suggesting what I think you are, I really don't think that's a good idea."

 

Rolling his lips under, Brian surveyed the hot blond with a dark and unhidden hunger in his eyes. "I think I can resist your immense charms while you are working through your crisis. My house is enormous. I am generally out at night and sleep most of the day. If it puts your mind at ease, my older brother is staying with me also." Brian knew that Ben would be welcoming to Justin, at least, on the surface... but how his brother actually felt about the idea was hard to predict. "This could be the perfect solution to getting your mind settled. And in all honesty, Justin, do you really want to stay here, even if Seth never returns?"

 

Justin shook his head. "No, this is Seth's place, and everything I see reminds me of every moment he used me. Even now, I hate being here."

 

"Then, it's settled." Brian watched Justin closely, instantly deciding he wouldn't be pushing him tonight. There was no hurry now, despite his immense desire for the young man. Clearly, Justin wouldn't be ready for intimate overtures, and it wouldn't put his mind at ease in regards to staying at his home. This was the perfect answer for all of them. He could examine Justin at his leisure and try to solve the mysteries that surrounded him; and, in doing so, start progressing toward the closer connection he craved. Ben was really his only concern, but he would make him understand how this was a win/win for all of them. 

 

Justin bit his lip uncertainly, his eyes downcast, totally oblivious to the intensified hunger in the other man. "I suppose I could for a few days... only until I find something else." Looking up, Justin momentarily found himself hypnotized by Brian's gaze that seemed to burn and glow. "Uhhh, would you make sure your brother won't mind? I don't want to cause any problems."

 

"I will speak to him, Justin, but I am sure it will be fine. It is my home, and he typically keeps to himself." Brian laughed as he thought about how Justin would perceive his older, and at times, excessively stoic brother. "He is very different from me, as I am sure you will quickly observe."

 

"I see," Justin smirked for a moment. "I guess that means he won't be trying to get me in bed?"

 

"Ben is queer like me, but no, I don't think he will see you like that." Brian knew Ben wouldn't be attracted to Justin. His family loyalty was his number one priority, and chasing after the man his younger brother desired would be taboo to him. It was just how Ben was wired - past, present... and forever. 

 

Justin nodded, still a bit uncertain, but recognizing this was his best answer - at least for the moment. "I'm curious about him."

 

As he is about you too, Brian thought to himself. Brian stood to his feet, knowing he needed to warn Ben in person, and hear any tirade before Justin was there with him. "I need to get my car, and I will let my brother know that you will be staying with us. Will an hour give you enough time to gather anything you might need?"

 

"Yes, more than enough." Justin stood up, placing his hand on Brian's arm, not the slight bit oblivious to how the other man slightly tensed up. "Thank you for this, Brian. I can't tell you how much of a relief this is."

 

"I think I know, but let me be very clear here---" Brian reached out and cupped the side of Justin's face, making sure they maintained direct eye contact, intent that the blond beauty wasn't deluded that anything had changed regarding his pursuit. "Nothing has changed for me, Justin. I need you to know that. I will give you time to process all that you have recently discovered, but my desire for you hasn't diminished. When the time is right, I will come after you full force."

 

Slowly, Justin swallowed, unable to look away from Brian's penetrating and hungry gaze. "Yeah, I knew that, Brian. I guess we'll see what happens. After all, it does take two."

 

"Indeed it does," Brian agreed, his eyes flaring briefly, his hand moving Justin's face closer, his mouth quickly descending to capture the lips that were conveniently parted for him... an opportunity that opposed his very nature to resist. He growled into the heat of Justin's mouth, knowing this would only elevate his hunger, but unable to deny himself another taste of him, vowing to himself, there would be so many more to come - soon. 

 

For several minutes, Brian ravenously devoured Justin's mouth, nothing left unclaimed in his unrelenting kiss. Cognizant of the fact that Justin needed air that he did not, Brian pulled back, laying his forehead against Justin's, determination and lust blazing in his eyes. "I think I've made my point. If not, I think in time you will see just how persuasive I can be."

 

Justin blinked, his hand reaching up to touch his bruised lips, a slight smile on them as he realized it was a very good feeling. He hadn't needed a declaration from Brian to tell him he was going to be hunted at a time of Brian's choosing. That had been Brian's objective from the moment they had met. Then, it was more daunting... but now, he wasn't sure he didn't welcome it equally.

 

 

 

A/N: How will big brother react? And how will they co-exist together? I guess we'll see.

:)

 

A Shocking Discovery by confused_bliss

 

Brian almost hesitantly approached the door to his estate home, the closer he came to his imminent encounter with his brother, the more uneasy he felt. When he had made the offer to Justin, he hadn't fully considered this part of the arrangement... namely, Ben's reaction. He had been entirely focused on Justin's capitulation, fully aware that he couldn't use compulsion to his advantage. Now, he had to deal with Ben, hoping his older sibling would see the benefits of this unusual arrangement.

 

Before he could place his key in the lock, the door swung open, with Ben's eyes a bloody red glow, his ordinarily pale face tinted with unnatural color. "Get your ass in here now, Brian."

 

Stepping forward, feeling as if he were about to face a firing squad, Brian decided his task might not be as simple as he had told Justin. Attempting to maintain confidence with a larger dose of calm, Brian dryly observed, "I see you have been consulting with your crystal ball instead of procuring yourself a much-needed snack after your labors on my behalf."

 

"Jokes, Brian? I am NOT in the mood..." Ben roared, his fangs extracting, veins displaying on his face as he briefly flared into full vampire mode. "Your human carcass has been destroyed, and I guess just in time---"

 

"I came to tell you about Justin." Brian followed Ben into the library, stepping to the bar and pouring himself a full glass of bourbon. Not quite the sustenance he would prefer for this talk, but knew it would take another kind of edge off. "I guess it's obvious that I invited Justin to stay here with us."

 

"Us?" Ben growled, his eyes narrowed and focused on his younger brother, clearly in disbelief of his manner and actions. "Typically ‘us' would imply a mutual decision had been reached. That clearly was not the case."

 

Brian took a long swallow, throwing it back and down his throat in one motion, setting the glass down and moving closer to his brother. "I didn't see the need to get your permission to invite a guest into MY home. The boy is going through a difficult time, and I decided the least I could do was to provide him some respite."

 

"I know that we haven't seen each other for some time, but I know you don't expect me to believe providing respite is why you invited him here," Ben replied in his most know-it-all tone. "Your recklessness deeply concerns me, Brian. Otherwise, I wouldn't have intruded into your private moment with Justin... but it was so very revealing."

 

"In what way?" Brian asked, uncertain if he really wanted the answer. 

 

"That you even need to ask is even more troubling." Ben shook his head, beginning to pace back and forth. "You didn't even think about the consequences of inviting him here - a human residing with two vampires. Not only a human; but, one that you have become obsessed with, and are incapable of compelling. That is a problem, Brian."

 

"It's been fine so far. I just need to be more cautious with him." Brian frowned, knowing he wasn't saying anything that would gain him any ground with his always alert sibling. "I am under control, Benjamin... and I am not obsessed."

 

"I didn't expect you to admit it; after all, that goes against your code. Hear me well, Brian. You are obsessed with him, and you are taking risks that are dangerous." Ben's eyes drilled into Brian's, his lips compressed, with his face defined by censure. "Like what you did earlier tonight."

 

Brian groaned. Ben even knew he had tasted Justin. Fucking clairvoyant freak. Why couldn't his brother be a normal vampire - if one of their kind could ever be referred to as that? "Fine. I had a moment of weakness. It never happens, and it won't happen again; at least, not until I know I can control him."

 

Ben thought about that for a moment, knowing his brother as he did, aware that urging Brian to distance himself from Justin would be a complete waste of time. "Perhaps having him here would be beneficial."

 

Warily, Brian asked, "In what way?"

 

"Well, I think it is worth discovering if my more enhanced skills can delve into Justin's mind; at the very least, I could probably determine how he blocks you." Ben decided this could be fortuitous for both of them. Hopefully, Brian would resolve this infatuation he had with the young man; and more importantly, he could determine if Justin was a threat to Brian. In both cases, they would each reach their goals.

 

"I don't think it's wise attempting compulsion on Justin. I have encountered a brick wall during each attempt." Brian wasn't oblivious to the fact that Ben would probably have better luck. He was concerned about the consequences if he did not. Failure could lead to exposure. That result could end badly for Justin. 

 

Ben analytically watched his younger brother. Patience had long been one of his virtues, even as a vampire... but Brian regularly tested that strength. Now wasn't an exception. "I am aware of the risks and can do so without being obvious. I would think you would want to know how he resists your pull. It is troubling, and there has to be an underlying cause."

 

Brian shrugged. "Yes, it is disturbing. I've never encountered that before, but I have adjusted to it. I have been assuming it is a brain malfunction due to his traumatic brain injury. He has recently stopped taking unnecessary medication that his deceased ex-boyfriend had been giving him. Of course, you know that already." Looking into his brother's eyes, he was relieved to see a glimmer of compassion in his eyes. Thankfully, Ben didn't seem completely biased against Justin. That could take an unpleasant turn. "He hasn't been off of the medicine long enough to know for sure."

 

"I understand that Justin has had a bad experience; however, you do know that if it comes to him and your survival, which one I will choose..." Ben told him darkly. 

 

"Yes, Benjamin, I am well aware... but I don't think it will come to that. I can handle this." 

 

Ben nodded, hoping that Brian was right, but realizing that only time would tell. "One question before you go. Was anything different when you tasted him? At that moment compulsion should be absolute, but I don't believe you attempted it then."

 

"No, I didn't. It was a rushed moment, and certainly not planned. When I try again, that would be the ideal moment." Brian thought about Ben's question, for the first time, something else occurring to him. "There was something different; although, I didn't think about it at the time. Perhaps it was merely my desire for him, and finally being able to taste him, but there was something different. Blood had never tasted so good. I didn't want to stop."

 

"Interesting; but, again, you have feelings for him that extend anything you've probably ever experienced. It could heighten every sensation." 

 

Feelings? Brian shuddered. No, he didn't have feelings for Justin. That was absolutely ludicrous. He was a vampire; not to mention, he was Brian Kinney. That just wasn't how he was wired. "I'm going to pick up Justin."

 

Ben smiled, a smile that didn't quite touch his eyes. "I'll be waiting. I am looking forward to meeting this special man."

 

Brian rolled his eyes as he made his way to the front door, as always, irritated when Ben ‘read' too much into anything. Ben often overreacted, and his gift of sight wasn't always precise. In regards to these so-called feelings that his brother believed Brian had for Justin, he was certain Ben was once again seeing more than what was truly existent. Nothing else made any sense.

 


 

Justin surveyed his few bags, amazed that he'd been able to fit everything into them. They were all the size of carry-on bags, but he had crammed them all as tightly as he could and still securely close them. He walked around the apartment, looking for anything he could have missed, returning here was the last thing he wanted to happen.

 

Glancing at the time, realizing it was close to the hour Brian had given him, Justin pondered that for a moment. What was he even doing? Brian was virtually a stranger to him; and yet, he did trust the man that he believed was so much more than he appeared to be. Despite that, to live not only with him, but his brother as well, a man he hadn't even met, did seem a bit extreme. For now, though, he didn't really have a lot of options. 

 

Walking around, his eyes touching on anything he could have missed, Justin looked again in the bathroom, satisfied he had taken everything that was his before he checked the bedroom again. After double-checking his side of the large closet, Justin looked at all of Seth's clothes neatly hanging, all of them arranged in order of style and color. Seth was a control freak in all areas. 

 

Looking upward, Justin noticed a small rectangular box at the back of the closet on Seth's side. It was smaller than a shoebox, and it seemed to be pushed out of obvious sight. Curious, Justin reached for it, barely able to grasp it. Pulling it down, he slowly opened it, uncertain of what he would find, but for some reason sensing that it could be important. Justin frowned when he saw the only contents was an envelope with his name on it with his address before the bashing. 

 

Opening the envelope, Justin began to read the legal document, his eyes widening as he absorbed what it was saying. It was a sizable inheritance that he was due to receive when he reached the age of twenty-five that was currently held in trust. If he had known about this before the bashing he didn't remember it... and what was even worse, Seth did know. Suddenly, Justin felt cold all over, and his heart filled with rage. 

 

Seth's manipulations were even more callous. He had thought Seth had acted illegally and immorally due to an attraction to his former patient when it had been far more diabolical than even that, which had been bad enough. Seth had been after his inheritance. Justin felt disgusted and a complete fool. Even medicated as he had been, how had he been so blind? Placing the letter in his pocket, Justin dropped the emptied box into the bottom of the closet, knowing he wanted out of this apartment now more than ever.

 

He sat down on the couch, unwanted tears sliding down his cheeks, the feeling of betrayal overwhelming him. Although he didn't delude himself that he had truly loved Seth, he was still reeling from the level of betrayal Seth had leveled at him, most especially in the fragile state of mind he had initially been in. He hated him and hoped he never laid eyes on him again. 

 

When he heard the knock at the door, Justin quickly wiped away his tears; he wanted nothing more than to be out of this apartment, a place where he could vividly see and hear Seth's manipulations. Seth was a monster, and he hoped he got exactly what he deserved. Opening the door, he gave Brian a half-smile, before he gestured to his bags. "I think I'm ready now. In fact, I know I am. I really need to leave here."

 

Brian's eyes narrowed sharply on the clearly emotional young man. "Has something happened?" He moved inside and closer to Justin, his tone sharpening when he observed, "You've been crying. Why?" Brian watched Justin closely, thinking that if the blond was suddenly mourning the end of his poisonous relationship with his former boyfriend, a repulsive creature that had been killed far more quickly than he had deserved, Brian knew he would lose control. That wouldn't end well.

 

Closing the door behind Brian, Justin reached into his pocket and pulled out the envelope, handing it to the other man. "It appears that I was an even bigger fool... and I only cried briefly, I don't see how you could notice---"

 

"You'd be surprised what I notice..." Brian mumbled before he opened the envelope, his eyes quickly scanning the contents. This was actually a relief, he thought to himself. The documentation made connecting Justin with the appropriate attorney that held his inheritance in trust a much easier task. He would have tracked the inheritance information for him, but this changed that immensely. Brian folded the document and returned it to the envelope, handing it back to Justin and saying, "Well, it appears that your future is assured. I am assuming you are not twenty-five as of now?"

 

"No. I have two years yet." Justin frowned as he thought about what it all meant, unable to fathom that kind of inheritance. "I don't even know this relative. I have forgotten so much of the past."

 

Brian forced himself to focus on Justin's words, and not be pulled into his growing desire for the young man. There was something different about him; in fact, he thought it had escalated even more after the brief taste he had enjoyed of him earlier. Perhaps he just needed to feed. He refused to accept Ben's analogy that he was obsessed with Justin. That was simply impossible. All he knew at the moment was that vulnerable Justin was such a turn-on for him. He wanted to possess and devour him; although, he knew this wasn't the right time for that - at least, not for Justin. Moving around the blond, not trusting himself to touch him in any way, Brian reached for Justin's bags, confidently telling him, "I'm sure the attorney can answer your questions. We can make an appointment as soon as you feel ready."

 

Justin nodded, a full smile curving his lips. "Thank you, Brian. I don't know why you're being so nice to me, but I don't know what I would do without you right now."

 

Nice? Brian nearly shuddered in distaste. He was not nice. Everything he was doing for Justin was to serve his own purpose; not to mention, he was partly responsible for the turmoil Justin was enduring, despite the fact that Seth had been deserving of his fate. "I suppose everyone is in need of some kindness from time to time." When Justin beamed all the more, Brian rolled his eyes, unable to just let the blond have his moment. "Don't get used to it. I always have a motive for my actions. I don't think I need to tell you what mine is with you."

 

"I've been duly warned, Mr. Kinney." Justin gave the apartment one last glance before he preceded Brian out the door, not the least bit saddened by the knowledge that this would be his last look inside. He was a firm believer in karma and had to also believe that Seth would get his comeuppance, whether now or in the days to come. 

 

As Brian followed behind, he couldn't take his eyes from Justin's far too enticing ass. He wasn't about to rush him; at least not quite yet, but he was determined that Justin would become accustomed to him quickly, with each moment they shared bringing them closer to the inevitable conclusion. Only then, would he solve the mystery of Justin Taylor and his extraordinary allure. After that, his life could return to normal. In his mind, and in his long history that was the only plausible resolution. However, he did wonder to himself - in regards to Justin, could it be that simple?

 

TBC

 

Home Sweet Home? by confused_bliss
Author's Notes:

 

A/N: This is basically just the meeting between Ben and Justin. I guess we'll see how THAT goes. Thank you to those that are still hanging in there with me. As with all of my stories, this story will be finished, and I don't foresee it being as many chapters as some of my others. However, only time will tell about that. Thanks for reading!

:)


 

Justin slid into the low-seated corvette, whistling as he touched the shiny leather seats, unable to fathom such luxury. "Nice ride, Brian. I can only imagine what this must have cost you.."

 

"It was enough." Brian paused to laugh. "However, worth every penny. I enjoy speed, but I will try to control myself on the drive home. I wouldn't want to scare you unduly."

 

"I don't mind going fast." Justin smiled at Brian, his smile widening at the sound of the engine roaring to pulsing life. "I suppose your home will be like this too? Extravagant and over the top?"

 

Brian snorted. "It's just a sports car, Justin. I don't see it as over the top. Although, my home is more of an estate. I think you will find plenty of distractions there." Brian glanced covetously at the blond beauty, thankful for his immortal night vision to make out his every feature in the dark of the night. "Perhaps some more pleasurable than others---"

 

Justin laughed nervously. He was amused by Brian's continued efforts, and yet, aware that he would be secluded with him in the days ahead. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he was attracted to Brian; in fact, he would be lying to himself if he didn't admit his desire for this man that was pure sex on legs. Although, he only made that admission to himself. He wasn't a fool. Making such an admission to this man would have Brian on him in nothing flat... and for now, at least, he wasn't emotionally ready for that. "You never give up..."

 

Glancing heatedly at Justin for a long moment, doing nothing to mask the desire from his eyes, Brian candidly observed, "You really don't want me to, Justin. It doesn't matter if you admit that or not. We both know it."

 

Turning his head, just able to make out Brian's cocky expression in the dim lighting, Justin shook his head in wonder. "You have such a mammoth sized ego, Brian Kinney. There is positively no one like you---"

 

"It's true, there's not." Brian laid his foot down and accelerated more. Now that they were nearing the edge of the city limits, and approaching the more open highway, he just wanted to get home. Brian realized that Justin would need some time to get settled in; but, most of all, the inevitable meeting between Justin and his brother needed to take place. Although he knew Ben would be cordial to Justin, he wasn't sure how well it would go. He liked to think that Ben would trust his judgment, but after his reaction earlier, he wasn't so sure.

 

"Is your home far out of the city?" Justin asked in interest, surprised that Brian's home would be so far from the Pittsburgh nightlife, such as it was. "I ask that because I do have a job at a coffee shop across town."

 

"About ten miles." Brian frowned momentarily, uncertain if he'd known about Justin's job. He could have, but he hadn't filed that away as he had everything else that pertained to the blond. Transportation wouldn't be a problem, but keeping in mind all that Justin had recently gone through, he wasn't sure it was wise for him to be wandering around alone right now. "Perhaps you should take some time off while you become acclimated to everything that's so recently transpired."

 

Justin thought about it for a moment, but the more practical side won out. "Serving coffee isn't what I want to do with my life, but I do need to work. It's only temporary."

 

Brian increased his speed, his desire to have them home, and the imminent meeting between Justin and Ben over and done. "You don't need to work now, Justin. I think your immediate need is the healing of both your heart and mind. My home will provide you with that; and, I can supply anything else you might need."

 

"As good as that sounds, I just can't let you take care of me, Brian. I need to be self-sufficient..."

 

"You will be in time. The circumstances of your inheritance need to be fully investigated. We can work on that while you are getting your life back together. There's a possibility the legalities of it could be accelerated." Brian sighed, knowing he was probably pushing too hard, but knowing he didn't feel comfortable with Justin wandering around on his own until his mind was less cluttered. "I won't tell you what to do, Justin. These are just my suggestions."

 

Justin glanced at Brian, even in the dim lighting able to see the tension on his face. He reached out and placed his hand on Brian's knee, momentarily uneasy when Brian seemed to tense up even more following his touch. "I appreciate your kindness, Brian. It's remarkable since we barely know each other. I will sleep on it and give you an answer tomorrow."

 

"That's all I am asking... at least, for now." Brian forced his eyes straight ahead, relief flooding through him when Justin removed his hand. He had forced himself not to touch Justin in any way when he had picked him up a short time ago. Having Justin touching him in any manner sorely tested his control. Thankfully, his estate was enormous. Although, Brian realized just knowing that Justin was there, close and accessible, would be a constant torment. He would endure it, never doubting in time that Justin would come to him. "We're almost home now." Turning down the private road that led to his home, Brian slowed down, his hands maneuvering the steering wheel through the curves on the road that he could manage on his senses alone.

 

"A private road." Justin laughed. "I feel as if I'm about to be enslaved in your personal dungeon, cut off from the rest of the world."

 

Staring ahead, Brian's eyes flashed red for a brief moment, the very thought instilling immediate lust for the blond in him. "Perhaps you are..."

 

Justin shook his head, despite how crazy it was, not feeling any trepidation. For whatever reason, he felt safe with Brian; and, no matter what was happening between them on a personal level, he believed that it would proceed at a pace of his choosing. "I trust you, Brian." Justin was silent as Brian stopped at the gate, watching as he input the security code, with the gates swinging open just long enough for his car to pass through. Justin gasped as he viewed the grounds in front of the massive property, the security lighting illuminating each section of the lush land. "Wow, this is amazing. It's almost gothic."

 

"Thank you, that was the exact look I wanted. Wait until you see the inside... and there is a pool and tennis court in the back that you can use as you wish." Brian smiled as he moved up the driveway, stopping and parking his car in the normal spot, smiling encouragingly at Justin, knowing this would be their last moment alone until Ben had his questions answered. He only hoped that went well. At this point, he couldn't be sure.

87-private-gothic-mansion-fully-restored-4-20151221161546

 

"I am speechless, Brian. I didn't think places existed like this around here; although, this is far out of the city... but I am so grateful for this opportunity you have given me." Justin smiled shyly at his host, looking away from the heat he soon discerned glowing in Brian's hazel eyes. He opened the door and slid out, his eyes widening when he noticed a figure standing on the porch that was still some distance away. "I assume that's your brother. He is fine with this arrangement, right?"

 

Brian glared at Ben in the distance, well aware of Ben's ability to see his glowering expression both in the darkness and the distance. "Ben goes over and beyond at being welcoming; and yes, he seems fine with our arrangement. And again, this is my home, not my brother's..."

 

Waiting as Brian opened the small trunk and they grabbed his bags, Justin walked next to him, quietly telling him, "I get that, but I wouldn't be comfortable if your brother had a problem with me being here."

 

Silently, Brian urged Justin forward, his eyes willing his brother to be on his best behavior... and more importantly, keeping a still tongue. He knew why Ben was outside waiting. Ben could hear every word they spoke from a distance. His controlling brother would want that advantage. As they stepped onto the immense porch, Brian chidingly told his brother, "The welcome wagon wasn't necessary."

 

"Nonsense, Brian. It isn't every day that my little brother brings a friend home to stay..." Ben's eyes flashed warningly at his brother before his attention settled on Justin, his eyes sweeping assessingly over the younger man, piercing into him sharply, intent on discovering his secrets. 

 

Justin giggled, looking back and forth between the two very different brothers, both in appearance and demeanor. "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. It's just difficult to picture Brian as a little brother."

 

"Ah yes, I understand that. Brian has far more arrogance than any man should have." Ben leaned in closer, breathing in Justin's scent, his eyes briefly flaring as he detected a slightly familiar scent, and yet unable to fully identify it. "I'm afraid we both have that in common; although, we express it differently."

 

Brian sighed, already deeming this would be more of an ordeal than he'd expected. "Let's go inside, shall we?"

 

Justin extended his free hand, shaking Ben's warmly, briefly meeting the elder's eyes, surprised to see a hint of fear in them. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Justin Taylor, and I appreciate your brother's hospitality, and look forward to getting to know you too."

 

"Benjamin Bruckner at your service." Ben released Justin's hand and nonchalantly bowed to the waist. "Likewise I am sure; although, after meeting you, I doubt my brother's motives are at all pure."

 

"You can dispense with the warnings, brother. Justin knows all about my depraved desires..." Brian groused, waiting for them both to go inside before following in behind them. 

 

Ben snorted. "I have little doubt. You are the antithesis of subtle."

 

Justin laughed. "I can agree with that."

 

"Set your bags down and come into the drawing room. I have some fruits, meats, and beverages laid out. In your rush to move, I thought perhaps you might want something to eat," Ben offered in a voice that seemed much more of a directive than a request.

 

"You will become accustomed to my brother's ‘proper' ways. After some exposure, you will feel you've been transported to an endless Victorian novel." Brian raised a brow, his tone chiding when he said, ‘I warned you that we are very different."

 

Justin smiled brightly. "Well, I think that will make for an interesting balance."

 

Ben chuckled, urging Justin into the drawing room. "Brian, why don't you take Justin's bags up to his room and then join us. While Justin is eating, we can get acquainted..."

 

Brian's eyes narrowed on his brother, trying to decipher his brother's true agenda. The layout of the food and assorted fruits and beverages had not been expected. Nodding, realizing he couldn't object without making a scene, Brian warningly told him, "I won't be very long."

 

Ben met Brian's eyes, ice momentarily forming in them. "I know you won't be."

 

Justin watched the two brothers with wide-eyed fascination. They both seemed tense, and yet, neither of them could be any more welcoming. "This looks great, Ben... or is it Benjamin? I'm not quite sure."

 

"Ben is preferable. You will hear Brian referring to me as Benjamin when he wishes to needle me." Ben chuckled briefly, "which is more often than not."

 

"I see." Justin wasn't surprised in the slightest and forced himself not to laugh. He really wouldn't want Brian to be any different. There was a strange charm about how Brian carried himself. It might be off-putting to some people, but he found it extremely captivating. Walking around, Justin looked at the architecture, the high ceilings, and the antique furniture that complimented every aspect of the room. "This room is exquisite. It has a feeling of immense history, not cold and clinical as some of the more modern decors can feel."

 

Ben watched Justin curiously, immensely surprised by the young man. "You speak like you have knowledge of design. Or perhaps the arts?" Motioning his hand forward. "Please make yourself something to eat, and grab a drink. This is your home now." 

 

"Well, for now. I don't want to impose any longer than absolutely necessary. And yes, I graduated from PIFA before my attack." Justin picked up a plate that was sparkling in a perfect ivory finish, not a doubt of it being the finest of china. He made a turkey sandwich, with tomato, lettuce, and cheese, spreading mayonnaise on both sides of wheat bread. Next to it, he placed fresh cut strawberries, assorted melons, and grapes. There were many other fruits to choose from, but he didn't even know what some of them were, and it was just too much. Selecting a bottle of water, Justin picked up a napkin and fork, and joined Ben on the sofa, placing his water on a coaster, and his plate on the elegant oak coffee table.

 

Nodding in understanding, Ben inquired, "That's an art academy?" 

 

Taking a small bite, and a long drink of water, Justin answered, "Yes. Of course, I didn't remember any of that until recently."

 

"Brian told me about your ex-boyfriend and about some medication he had tricked you into taking. That must have been a difficult discovery,." Ben told him, surprisingly finding himself more sympathetic to Justin's plight than he'd originally thought he would be. He still believed that Justin was a risk to Brian's safety, but it was difficult blaming this man. Justin seemed kind, considerate, and a young man that had endured more than anyone should at such a young age. Despite all of that... he would not allow his brother to be at risk.

 

"Yes, it was." Justin tasted the fruit, his eyes looking at Ben curiously. "You aren't joining me? It's a lot of food for just me."

 

"I had a plate just before you arrived. Perhaps Brian will join you." Turning away, Ben rolled his eyes as he heard Brian rushing down the stairs; although, knowing Justin wouldn't be able to hear the haste that Brian made. Before Brian entered the drawing room, Ben inclined his head, standing to his feet, distancing himself from the young man that he still perceived to be dangerous to his brother. "I will say goodnight, Justin. I'm sure we will speak again tomorrow."

 

Justin frowned, confused by the sudden coldness and distance emanating from Brian's brothers. "Uhhh yeah, I will look forward to that. Goodnight Ben. Thank you for welcoming me into your home."

 

Ben smiled, an expression that far from reached his eyes. "Of course, Justin; however, this is my brother's home. I do hope you rest well."

 

Brian's eyes narrowed as he listened to his brother, knowing his brother as he did, immediately recognizing the threat within. "Of course he will, dear brother. He couldn't be in a safer place."

 

"Indeed..." Ben replied drolly, his eyes connecting with his brother's for a long moment, in a glance telling him that they would be speaking again tonight. Walking out of the drawing room, and heading toward the stairs, Ben left them alone, determined that he would have his answers tonight... a plan already in mind how he would resolve the puzzle of Justin Taylor.

 

TBC

 

Human, or Something More? by confused_bliss

 

Justin's eyes followed Ben until he turned the corner, his teeth sliding into his bottom lip, once again, uncertainty swirling within him. "I'm still not sure this is a good idea, Brian."

 

Brian scowled for a moment, inwardly cursing his brother's constant meddling. He had taken care of himself for a couple of lifetimes now. Why didn't Ben trust him this time? The fact that Ben hadn't ever interfered to such a degree didn't faze him. He blamed himself and his intense attraction to Justin for Ben's elevated concern. In actuality, he had proceeded with Justin differently than any other man, and that difference would be cause for concern to his overprotective older brother. However, that didn't matter. Justin was anxious enough. Ben needed to back off.

 

"It's fine, Justin. As I have tried to explain, my brother is a bit eccentric. He just expresses himself in a different way---" Brian stopped talking, his eyes narrowed on Justin's lips, a feral growl nearly erupting. A single drop of blood was clinging to Justin's lip. After having a brief taste of his blood earlier, Brian knew how sweet and addictive he was; in fact, unlike anyone he had ever tasted. Now was not the time to lose control.

 

Justin's eyes widened, unable to mistake the hunger in Brian's eyes, one that was different than his standard lustful stare. "Brian? Is everything okay? You look strange."

 

"I'm fine..." Brian rasped, his tongue swiping along his own lips, the desire to taste him again overwhelming him. If only he could compel Justin. Things would be so different. He wouldn't have to be so patient and exercise complete control over his deepest desires. "The question is, are you? Your lip is bleeding. You must have bitten it open."

 

"I don't think so..." Justin answered, his hand reaching up to touch the spot with his finger, instantly surprised to see the unmistakable mark of red on his finger. "It doesn't feel cut. I would have felt something."

 

Brian nodded, his attention remaining on the one droplet of blood. This was ridiculous. How would he manage his hunger for Justin if he was so easily affected by a small portion of blood? He had to get this under control. "Once you are finished eating, I will take you to your room. It's getting late, and I'm sure you would like to rest." Brian was certain the traumatic day had to be wearing on the young human, and it would be best for them to say goodnight. He needed to talk to Ben... and his hunger needed to be fed. Now more than ever.

 

"Actually, I would. I'm very tired. This has been a ridiculously long day..." Justin admitted, thinking that no day had ever seemed longer. 

 

Brian stepped closer to Justin and his half-finished plate of food, looking at it briefly before returning his gaze to his tempting houseguest. "Would you like to take it with you, or something to drink? You will have a bathroom connected to your room, so you won't need to worry about stumbling around in an unknown house."

 

Justin laughed. "I probably would be. That's nice that the room has a bathroom. I don't want to disturb you or your brother if I need to get up."

 

Rolling his lips under, Brian told him, "My brother and I both are deep sleepers."

 

"Oh, that's good. I feel better then. I didn't want to disrupt your normal routine. I realize you probably have to go to Babylon since it's your club. You don't have to worry about me. I will probably sleep in since I don't have to work tomorrow." Justin immediately noticed Brian's frown when he finished talking clearly remembering his disapproval of his job. 

 

"Babylon is managed very well. I don't need to do much there except enjoy the benefits of being the owner..." Brian smiled, a lustful glint entering his eyes. 

 

Justin's cheeks flushed. "I'm sure you do that."

 

"Without a doubt," Brian told him matter-of-factly. "There is a mini-refrigerator in your room. Since the room has been unoccupied it's empty, but take whatever you like with you." Brian's eyes once again touched on Justin's plate, his vampire vision seeing a few red splotches next to the strawberries. His innate senses told him that he wasn't seeing juices from the fruit, but instead, one of his brother's intrusive tactics. How very clever, Benjamin, he thought to himself. A single drop of his blood into Justin's system would give his brother so much in depth knowledge about Justin. Ben had extraordinary mental powers, far more advanced than his own. It was unbelievable that he achieved that so quickly. 

 

To Brian's immense relief, Justin declined the offer, instead, stepping away from the sofa, and the compromised food. He watched as Justin walked over to Ben's well-laid trap and selected a fresh bottle of water, knowing that was a safe choice. At this point, though, it didn't really matter. If Justin had ingested one drop of Ben's blood, it was more than enough for his brother. Hopefully, Ben would see that Justin wasn't a threat, and this nonsense would be over. On the other hand, if there was something of a threat to be found, then his problems were just beginning. Brian shook his head at the thought finding it to be completely ludicrous. What could Ben possibly discover? "Are you ready to go up?" Brian asked, not actually wanting to rush Justin, but knowing that the boy did need some rest, and just as important, he needed to talk to Ben. 

 

"Yeah..." Justin walked over to Brian, a bright smile on his face. When he was standing close enough to touch, Justin leaned up and kissed Brian softly on the lips, pulling away just when Brian reached out to clasp his hand behind Justin's neck to deepen the kiss. Pulling away before Brian started doing what Justin recognized as ‘Brian things' he stepped back, a soft smile still clinging to his lips. "Thank you again, Brian. Opening your home to me is a lifeline I desperately needed. I don't have adequate words to express that."

 

Leaning down, Brian brushed his lips across Justin's again, not at all surprised to detect his brother's scent on Justin's breath, forcing himself not to lose control at his brother's irrational violation. A primal feeling coursed through his veins, one that was both repugnant and alien to him. Jealousy, pure and simple. It was something he had never felt before, but an emotion he had seen enough in others to be able to clearly identify. It stemmed from the fact that he believed that if anyone's blood should be connected to Justin, and moving inside of him, it should be his and not his brother's. Immediately, his more predatory tendencies wanted to take over. He wanted to add his own blood to Justin's system, overtaking the small amount of his brother's. Now wasn't the time, however... but, he was determined to achieve that - and soon.

 

"Follow me..." Brian told Justin, leading him to the staircase, taking quick steps forward, desperate to achieve two goals. One was to see to Justin's immediate comfort; however, just as important to him was meeting with his brother and ripping into him again... despite how dangerous such a course of action could end up for him. Once they reached the top of the stairs, Brian led him down the far end of the hallway, deliberately choosing a room that was far removed from Ben's suite of rooms, but sadly, his as well. "This end of the level is unused. You should be comfortable, and isolated, which is something I thought you might prefer right now."

 

Justin followed Brian into the room, his eyes widening in appreciation. "Yes, I would. It's positively breathtaking, Brian. The detail in the wood is amazing, the furnishings warm and inviting." Walking around the room, Justin's eyes settled on the sitting area, a small oak table near the high-arched window that he assumed would be used mostly for in-room dining, and the king-sized bed that was complemented with a high backed wooden headboard, at the foot, tall, and polished wooden ends. "Absolutely perfect."

 

"I'm glad you like it." Brian motioned his hand forward. "That door is a walk-in closet. Your cases are in there now, and the door to your left is your own bathroom, shower and tub included. If you need anything else that isn't provided, my suite is at the very end of the hall." Brian's eyes hotly moved over his special houseguest. "You can come to me at any time. If I am asleep, you will need to knock loudly. As I said, I am a deep sleeper."

 

Blushing slightly, Justin shook his head, the very thought of disturbing Brian in his sleep evoking images he didn't want to contemplate at the moment. "I think I should have everything I need. A shower before bed does sound great." Justin stared for a long moment at Brian, his teeth biting into his lip thoughtfully, before he asked, "I'll see you in the morning?"

 

Barely able to lift his eyes from Justin's teeth biting into his lip, Brian roughly answered, "I will try; but, I am not much of a morning person."

 

Justin laughed. "Okay. I am sure I can entertain myself in either event. And, I would like to make an appointment with my doctor. After everything with the unnecessary medication, I would like to find out what I can do to get my memory fully restored. At this point, I am assuming that was what Seth was trying to prevent."

 

"I'm sure." The mention of Seth, and the reminder of the acts he had perpetrated against Justin, filled him with renewed rage toward Justin's former boyfriend. He had killed him too quickly. Such an odious creature should have endured a slow and agonizing death. "What would you think about a new doctor?"

 

Stepping closer, looking at Brian curiously, Justin repeated, "A new doctor? Why?" 

 

"It occurs to me that your doctor did prescribe the medication that limited your mental capacity. Despite the fact that your ex-boyfriend most likely suggested symptoms that you didn't have in order to secure those prescriptions, I find it unethical, not to mention a form of malpractice that your doctor didn't investigate your situation more thoroughly." Brian eyed Justin sharply, hoping that Justin would understand his point, and act on it accordingly. 

 

"Damn, Brian. I hadn't even thought about that." Justin frowned, as confusion and suspicion swirled around his deepest thoughts. "I don't know how that didn't occur to me. Yeah, a new doctor with a fresh set of eyes does sound like a good idea."

 

"Allow me to make some calls tomorrow. Accessing your medical records shouldn't be a problem." Suddenly, Brian could see the root of Ben's concern. When did he ever go to such lengths to help someone he barely knew? A human, and one he hadn't even fucked yet. His behavior was contradictory to all that he knew, and it only became more obvious the longer he was associated with Justin. Brian didn't have any answers outside of his overwhelming lust for Justin, but, realized he didn't plan on doing anything to change it.

 

"That sounds good. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure my trust level is very high for my doctor." Justin could only see one problem, and it could be a big one. "Uhhh, I don't think I have insurance, but I should have enough money in the bank to cover a doctor visit and some tests."

 

Brian gave Justin a look of reprimand. "I don't want to hear anything about medical expenses. You are my guest, and I will handle everything. If it makes you feel better, we can discuss it when your inheritance is resolved."

 

Justin rolled his eyes, still not comfortable with Brian taking care of him to such a degree. "We definitely will discuss this again. I need to take care of myself, Brian... not only because it's the right thing to do, but I need to know that I can. I hope you can understand that."

 

Nodding, Brian told him, "Of course I can. Once your medical and legal issues are resolved, I think everything will come together for you. At that time, we can discuss anything you want."

 

Unable to resist, Justin rushed forward, sliding his arms around Brian's waist, and laying his head against his chest. Justin giggled when Brian's arms seemed to hesitantly enfold him. He looked up and saw a muscle twitching in the other man's cheek, his own eyes rolling in response. Pulling back, Justin curiously asked, "Do you struggle with being touched by everyone?"

 

"I'm not sure. Most people don't touch me unless I have instigated it." Brian took a few steps back, regarding the beautiful blond closely. In an instant, Brian knew his answer to be dishonest. A touch from anyone else didn't make him feel so uncomfortable. The most disturbing part was that it was a new development. In fact, he didn't remember it being a problem until after he had tasted Justin's blood. As a skilled vampire that had enormous strength and control, he knew the timing wasn't a coincidence. What it meant, he had no idea. 

 

Stepping back, Brian realized he needed to go. He was filled with both confusion and questions. Now wasn't the time to push for answers that Justin couldn't give him. Brian wasn't sure anyone could do that. "Goodnight, Justin. Get some rest. We'll talk tomorrow, and set a plan for getting your life back."

 

Justin nodded, wanting to say more, but sensing that Brian needed to go for whatever reason. It was probably for the best. He was exhausted; at least, mentally. And, he couldn't deny how much he was becoming drawn to the beautiful man that had extraordinarily come to his rescue. He wondered how much more that would progress in the days ahead, not a doubt in his mind that if Brian continued his determined pursuit, that would be exactly what happened. "Goodnight, Brian. I'll see you tomorrow."

 

Brian cast one more hungry glance over the beautiful blond before making his way out of Justin's rooms and heading down the hallway, not a doubt in his mind that Ben would be waiting for him downstairs. His eyes were glowing as he rushed down the stairs, his anger anything but abated regarding Ben's trickery in giving Justin his blood. Brian rushed into the library, where he knew Ben would be, angrily closing the door behind him, rushing forward, his eyes becoming blood red, with tiny blue veins appearing around his eyes. "Your interference needs to stop, brother!"

 

Laying his book down, Ben stood to his feet, his own eyes glowing when he hissed, "That's not going to happen, Brian. Your obsession places us all in danger, and I will not allow it."

 

"You won't allow it?" Brian whispered in a cold, hollow voice. At this moment, Brian didn't care that Ben was infinitely more powerful than him. Ben was trying to dictate his choices... and, no one did that, not even the brother that made him immortal. "I have made my decision, and it stands. No one is forcing you to be here!"

 

"On the contrary, brother. My discovery, no matter how it was obtained, suggests otherwise. I am staying; although, I have changed my mind about Justin's presence here." Ben smiled coldly at his brother, knowing he would soon see both suspicion and unease in his brother's eyes. "I want him close so we can keep an eye on him. In fact, I insist on that."

 

Brian swallowed, instantly chilled by the ice in Ben's eyes. Whatever Ben had determined about Justin had only made things worse. "He's not a vampire or supernatural, Benjamin. I would have sensed it."

 

Shaking his head, Ben told him, "No, he's not; although, he's not fully human either."

 

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Brian demanded, deciding his brother was quickly losing his mind.

 

"Justin descends from a fairy line. He will live a human life, but faeries tend to have the gift of sight, as well as being immune to compulsion. This is a problem, Brian."

 

Brian briefly closed his eyes, so much making sense now. Justin had been irresistible to him from the instant they had met... and his taste more addictive than any other had ever been. Yes, this was a problem. However, one that he would handle. This news didn't change a thing. He wanted Justin Taylor, and he would have him. In fact, Ben's surprising news only elevated his desire for the extraordinary blond. A desire that he was determined would be satisfied soon. 

 

TBC

 

The Awakening Begins by confused_bliss
Author's Notes:

A/N: Please forgive any mistakes, along with the much-delayed posting of this chapter. I feel like I've been working on this forever with little progress at each attempt due to how little time I have to write these days. Hopefully, that improves soon...unfortunately, I can't guarantee that. Also, I did start posting another story. My intentions are typically to alternate between them equally, but these days, I will go with where the muse leads me. In regards to both stories, they will be written and completed.

Thanks for reading!

:)


 

Brian's eyes were wide open as he stared up at the dark ceiling, his vampire vision seeing everything in the darkened room. He had been lying here for hours, unable to sleep, the events of the evening continuing to replay in his mind. Ben's revelation about Justin had affected him more than he'd let on to his brother; however, he knew he hadn't fooled Ben for a single instant. Ben had an extraordinary gift of sight. Brian hadn't ever known his brother to be stumped by a mystery...no matter what - or who. He certainly didn't think that would start now. 

 

Whether he wanted to admit it or not, the truth of Justin's heritage did make a difference; and undoubtedly, would change the playing field in regards to his pursuit of the far too appealing blond. A mystery had been resolved, one that answered multiple questions. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he needed to proceed with caution from this point on. 

 

One important question had now been unequivocally answered. The medication hadn't blocked his compulsion. He would never be able to compel Justin, and that was a certain game-changer. That being the case, Ben's concerns were more than valid. As a vampire, his inability to compel Justin did place him in danger. In fact, the same reality endangered Ben as well. It was imperative that Justin didn't discover his secret. His control around Justin was shaky at best, which had only intensified after his first brief taste of Justin's addictive and special blood. 

 

Fairy blood. Nothing could entice, or even, seduce a vampire more. In Justin's case, it was more of a siren call. One that he wasn't sure he could resist. For now, his only defense was to make sure he fed before being alone with Justin. That wasn't the only risk that being near Justin presented to him and his brother. Justin did have the gift of sight; although, his amnesia could be blocking the larger part of it. He remembered Seth revealing that Justin had visions at times. His involvement with Justin was an ongoing risk. At any time Justin could have a vision that threatened them all. If that happened, he wasn't sure if Ben could be controlled.

 

If only he could trust Justin with the truth. Brian shrugged the idea off as soon as the thought occurred to him. His relationship with Justin hadn't progressed enough for that. Relationship? Since when did he ever think of his interactions with another man in the terms of a relationship!? Brian sat up in the bed, his head briefly turning to look at his bedroom door, his extra-sensitive hearing picking up movement in the hallway. It could only be two possibilities - Ben or Justin. At this moment, he actually hoped it wasn't Justin. Although he had fed voraciously after settling Justin into his new suite of rooms, his desire raged for the blond. There wasn't a doubt that his craving for Justin's blood nearly equaled his lust for his exquisite body. Somehow, he still intended on having both...it was simply a matter of doing it safely.

 

Before the timid knock sounded on his door, Brian achingly groaned. Justin was on the other side of the door. The light knock could be considered a primary indicator...but it wasn't the deciding factor. He could smell Justin's unique and alluring scent. Should he face this temptation tonight? Justin in his private rooms, while aware of his delicious fairy blood, lust boiling in his veins...should he even risk it?

 

Slipping from his bed, Brian had his answer as he put on his jeans, turning on the light to the dimmest setting, before he moved to the door, realizing he was probably making a huge mistake...but unable to do anything else. Opening the door, Brian's first look was Justin apprehensively biting his bottom lip, the savage in him wanting to replace Justin's teeth with his own, biting and claiming every inch of the alluring young man. His lust wasn't at all tempered by the uncertainty in Justin's eyes, the vulnerability only making the predator want to pounce.

 

"Did I wake you? I-I didn't mean to. I thought if you were sleeping, my light knock wouldn't disturb you..." Justin said, knowing that he was rambling but unable to do anything else. "Uhhh, I'll just go---"

 

Brian smiled, uncaring of how reckless he was being, or how much his brother would staunchly disapprove, he reached his hand forward, snagging one finger in the front of Justin's jeans, gently pulling him into the room. "I wasn't sleeping, and I believe I told you that I am a heavy sleeper. You would have needed to knock much louder to wake me up."

 

"Okay..." Justin answered almost breathlessly, his heart nervously jerking when Brian's finger briefly touched his bare skin. Forcing himself to move away, Justin looked around the room, surprised at the sheer size and openness of the bedroom alone, knowing by the size, depth of the room, and multiple doors, this was a full suite of rooms, much larger than his own. "This is impressive, Brian. The wood is beautiful. Your home is truly a work of art."

 

"Thank you, Justin. The wood is functional as well as pleasing to the eye." Brian closed and locked the door behind Justin, laughing at Justin's wide-eyed gaze when he turned the lock. "Ben has the habit of appearing for late-night chats if he knows I'm awake. I'd rather he not do that tonight---"

 

Justin nodded, deciding that made sense, and did fit in with how he had perceived Brian's brother so far. "I see. Uhh, what did you mean by the wood being functional?"

 

"The room is soundproof; in fact, the entire suite is. I enjoy my privacy. Often it is extremely beneficial." Brian realized that was only partially true. It was soundproof to the human ear, but not for him, and unfortunately, not for his brother either.

 

Flushing slightly, certain he knew what Brian was inferring, Justin glanced at the mussed up bed, casually observing, "I guess this isn't one of those nights."

 

Brian's eyes hungrily moved over Justin, before roughly growling, "Not yet it isn't."

 

Once more, Justin's eyes became wide, a nervous tremor in his voice when he reminded, "Uhhh, you said something about moving slow. Although, I'm not sure you can do that."

 

His tongue swiping along his lips, Brian took a few steps closer, knowing he should be moving in the opposite direction, but the blond was simply too enticing. "Normally I can...but you are more tempting, and when you come to my bedroom in the middle of the night you are even more so."

 

"I am flattered...much more than you know," Justin told him, knowing his attraction to Brian was a large part of what had led him here tonight. After getting some much-needed sleep, and some revelations after, he had rushed to Brian without any hesitation, wanting to talk to him about it tonight when everything was still fresh in his mind. Biting at his lip again, Justin asked, "Uhhh could you put your bedroom eyes away for now? It's difficult to have a serious conversation when you keep looking at me like that."

 

Taking another step closer, Brian used his most captivating voice, one he used when seeking to compel, one that he knew probably wouldn't work on Justin unless merely to seduce him. "It's late, Justin. I'm not sure a serious discussion is what either of us truly desires. Tell me I'm wrong about that...if you can."

 

Justin swallowed, awkwardly taking a step backward, suddenly more uncertain about how wise it had been to come to Brian at this late hour, knowing how Brian could become the face of sensuality in the blink of an eye. "Perhaps you're not wrong, but I did come here for a different reason, one that I had hoped to tell you about. You see...I had a dream, an extremely vivid one, and when I became fully awake, I surprisingly remembered all of it for once. When I did, so much was clear---"

 

In an instant, Brian's desire was restrained. Brian thought the knowledge of Justin's returning memory or any of his fairy visions would be the only thing powerful enough to accomplish that. Almost urgently, Brian pulled Justin over to the closest place to sit, uncaring that it was his rumpled bed. "Sit down and tell me about it..." Brian roughly demanded.

 

Justin looked at the bed hesitantly, uncertain if this was the wisest place to have a serious discussion with Brian, but upon seeing the intensity of Brian's gaze, he decided the other man's growing lust seemed to be abated...at least for the moment. "Okay." Justin sat on the far edge of the bed, hoping that Brian would leave some space between them, but, quickly finding that Brian wasn't about to make things that easy and comfortable for him. "I'm not exactly sure how to explain it really. I was asleep, so it had to be a dream...but it felt more like distant memories flooding me all at once."

 

"Well, did it seem real?" Brian frowned as he thought about it. Was this Justin's memory returning? He really didn't see that as a bad thing. Justin's mind being healthy was what he had wanted...but would that make his sight as a fairy more acute? Brian realized that could be a problem. 

 

Nodding, Justin quickly answered, "Yes, I think so. You know how you dream and it's hazy when you wake up?" Not waiting for Brian to answer, reading the understanding in his eyes, Justin continued, "This wasn't like that. When I woke up, it felt more like something that had just happened. But it hadn't. It was a memory."

 

"Perhaps this is your memory returning..." Brian suggested, having very little doubt this was what was happening.

 

"I think it could be." Justin smiled, shaking his head, an incredulous look on his face. "I never thought I would regain any knowledge of my past; at least, not through my own mind. Seth told me I'd never get my memory back, and that what he filled in of the pieces was all I would ever know about my life."

 

For a moment, Brian wished he hadn't killed Seth so quickly. He should have toyed with him longer for all of the injustices he had inflicted on Justin. Brian's eyes shuttered for a moment as he remembered killing Seth. He had no idea how fairy sight worked. Could Justin see that in a vision one day? If he did, and Ben realized it first, he doubted he could say or do anything to control his brother. Brian hoped it never came to that. "Well, it appears that Seth didn't know shit."

 

Justin laughed. "I guess not."

 

"What did you remember?" Brian asked, more than a little curious about not only Justin's past but at what point his memory started to return.

 

"It was in the hospital. I was awake hurting really bad, in and out of consciousness. I heard arguing in the hall. I think it was my mom...and maybe Seth." He looked up at Brian, tears suddenly shining in his eyes. "For the longest time, Seth told me both of my parents had abandoned me there. I knew my father had...but I had hoped that my mom would care if I lived or died. Now I know that she did. She may have ended up leaving...but she tried to see me, only Seth didn't let her."

 

A muscle twitched in Brian's cheek. Rage swelled within him...a rage he didn't understand. Why did he care so much about Justin and his feelings? It was incomprehensible with who he was and how he lived his life. At the moment, Brian didn't care why he felt as he did, he only knew he truly wished Seth was here now. There were so many forms of torture he would have inflicted on him. Clearing his throat, attempting to push back the rage that sweltered inside of him, Brian gruffly urged, "I assume you heard something of their conversation to form that conclusion."

 

"Just enough to know that she was arguing with Seth. She wanted to see me, and he told her that I couldn't have any visitors and that it wouldn't matter since I was unconscious and virtually unresponsive. Later that was true when he started administering larger doses of my medication...but that was after my mother was gone."

 

Brian scowled. "Your former boyfriend was a dick of the highest order. It's good that he is out of your life."

 

Justin shuddered as he thought about that. "I hope I never have to see him again."

 

Brian looked away for a moment, barely keeping the feral smile from his face. "I doubt that you will, Justin. I'm sure that Seth is long gone after realizing you would be reporting him. What he did was a serious criminal offense."

 

"Yeah..." Justin agreed. "He's probably far away from here now. I just hope he doesn't play his sick games with someone else."

 

Although he couldn't relieve Justin's mind about the impossibility of that, Brian knew he had done what had not only been right for Justin but for other unsuspecting victims as well. In his vast experience, pariahs like Seth didn't change. Fortunately, no one had to worry about him ever again. "I suppose in the stress of the moment your mother didn't stop to think that she could have gone over his head. As your parent, no matter of your age, she did have the right to see you, unless you had previously forbidden it."

 

"Yes, that's true...or she didn't care enough to bother," Justin replied bitterly. "We had a bad relationship before I was attacked and left for dead. She never fought my father on my behalf. I know she was scared, but she could have done something. And, she never tried to see me again." Justin glanced at Brian, as he sat there silently listening to him, giving the impression that he was absorbing every word he told him. "I heard her saying she needed to give me these papers before Seth said he'd give them to me, and that once I was coherent again - if I was - that it would be my choice if I wanted to see her."

 

That was interesting, Brian thought to himself. More pieces were coming together. Clearly, Justin's mother knew about his inheritance and was perhaps keeping it from her husband...Justin's father. "Of course Seth never told you, and you never connected with your mother."

 

"No on both counts." Justin shrugged indifferently. "I really don't care anymore. She was never there for me when it mattered, and when I was beaten and nearly died, she came just to deliver papers. My life before the attack was hazy, but it's like this dream lifted a fog that was blocking me. I remember it all now. There is nothing to revisit in my past. I am just looking toward the future now."

 

Brian silently considered Justin's words. He wasn't so sure that Justin's mother didn't care about him. Perhaps she had been protecting Justin by withholding the information of his inheritance. If his father had truly been that twisted, he could have devised a way to take that from Justin. Ironically, that had nearly happened with Seth. Now the question of how Seth knew so much about Justin's inheritance made more sense. That was what caused Seth to criminally medicate his patient, and soon after, take over Justin's life. Seth had truly been a depraved and disgusting human. Justin was so much better off without him. "That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure an objective doctor, and not the one that had treated you previously, can have your mind on the right path."

 

Shaking his head, Justin adamantly answered, "No, I don't want to see a doctor now. I know all the tests that would be run, and I don't want to go through that again. My memories rushed over me, starting with the dream, and then, even more when I woke up. I think my memory is returning fine without any clinical determination. And, I definitely don't want any more drugs in my system."

 

"Okay. That's your call. Are you ready for the appointment with the attorney? I know you must be curious about the details of your inheritance."

 

"Yes, I am very anxious to learn more about that. And, it's not really about the money; although, it will be nice not to worry about finances. I just want to know about this relative and my connection to them." Justin couldn't imagine having that much money. It was totally implausible to him. At the moment, though, he just wanted to know about his mysterious relative, hoping he would feel more connected to them than he ever had to his own parents. 

 

Brian lifted his hand, lightly stroking it across Justin's flawless cheek, the warmth and softness of his skin causing him to wonder if Justin would be this soft and perfect all over. He slightly amended that thought to himself. There was one portion of Justin's anatomy that he knew wouldn't be soft when he touched him. That was something he intended to experience at the earliest opportunity. "I've already told you that you are welcome here for as long as you would like. Finances should be the last thing on your mind."

 

"Thank you, Brian. You have been so nice to me." Justin gave Brian a bright smile, his eyes sparkling and welcoming, unbeknownst to the blond, enticing the other man in ways he couldn't possibly understand.

 

Blinking, unable to comprehend what was happening, Brian lowered his hand, feeling as if his fingertips were burning at the slight brushing of Justin's skin. What the fuck was happening to him? The seducer was becoming the seduced. It wasn't the first time he had been enticed by Justin's smile...but it was different now. It was pure seduction, and the boy didn't even realize it. 

 

Whatever was happening with Justin's memories seemed to be drawing out the true Justin, the beguiling and seductive fairy that was irresistible to a vampire. Brian had never encountered a fairy in his lifetime, but he had heard many stories...ones that he hadn't believed; at least, not until now. 

 

"Brian? Are you okay?" Justin frowned, looking at the other man curiously, warring emotions seemingly battling in Brian's hazel eyes.

 

Okay? Fuck no, he wasn't. He wanted to devour the special blond...and possibly never stop. He was ravenous for another taste of his dangerously addictive blood. That first brief taste had been a mistake. After that, he knew how different Justin tasted, and how difficult it would be to not only resist but to stop as well. Ben's response to Justin had never been an overreaction. Brian could see it so clearly now. Justin was dangerous to them...but he wanted him too much to back off now. "Yes, in a manner of speaking."

 

"What does that mean?" Justin asked in confusion.

 

"It means that I think it's time you returned to your own room and bed. I am trying to keep my word and not pounce on you...but you are just too damned appealing." Brian nearly groaned when he saw a mischievous spark in Justin's eyes. His thought had been correct. Justin's healing mind was pushing all of his hidden fairy traits to the forefront. He was undeniably fucked.

 

"Uhhh, but I'm not tired." Justin looked down and glanced back up through his eyelashes, his lips curved into a sultry smile that was designed to seduce him...whether Justin realized it or not. 

 

Nostrils flaring, Brian stood to his feet, yet not moving away from the bed, irresistibly taking a couple of steps to stand directly in front of Justin still sitting on his bed. "You are playing with fire, little boy."

 

Justin licked his lips, his eyes brazenly caressing the dominant beauty that stood over him. He reached out and trailed a fingertip along Brian's leg, his eyes widening when he instantly noticed the bulge that protruded inside the other man's jeans. "Am I? Well, I've played it safe for too long now. I think I realized that before I came to your room tonight."

 

"You have no idea what you're inviting..." Brian growled, his hands grasping Justin's arms, and pushing him back to lay on his bed, his body swiftly following him down. Brian knew this could be a monumental mistake...but nothing would stop him from having Justin tonight.

 

Justin lifted his arms over his head, his skin flushed, his eyes warm and inviting. In a husky voice that caused Brian's dick to immediately twitch, Justin told him, "show me."

 

TBC

End Notes:

A/N: Yes, I know. What an ending point! Haha. I guess we'll see if this scene plays out, or if something or someone disrupts it. I can't imagine my muse doing that! Seriously though, it took forever to get this chapter written, and it was longer than most of my chapters, so I decided to end it here. 

Again, thanks for reading. As always, comments are greatly appreciated and motivating! :)

 

 

Consequences Be Damned by confused_bliss
Author's Notes:

A/N: Yes, FINALLY an update. I do realize this has been such a long time in coming. To those of you that are sticking with me in this journey, I both thank and appreciate you! It is my intention to wrap this story up with a few more chapters, so a lot will start happening. Please forgive any mistakes made while I was rushing to get this chapter written. In the small blocks of time that I was able to sit down and write, it tends to hamper my creative flow, so I am hoping it comes together neatly. :)

Thanks for reading! I do hope to make it a shorter wait the next time...

 


 

Ben's eyes were wild as he paced up and down the long hallway, his eyes glowing when he glared at Brian's bedroom, as the battle within himself raged at how he could stop what he perceived as a disaster. Not only for Brian...but for all of them. He should have ended this at the very moment he had realized Justin's true lineage. Placing his blood in Justin's system had been a mistake of paramount proportions, one that he hadn't even considered when he had devised what he had thought to be a clever plan. Although it had given him a connection to Justin that revealed Justin's fairy bloodline...it had also done so much more.

 

Justin's memory was now returning; in fact, everything should be clear to him very soon. Running a hand through his already disheveled hair, Ben chastised himself for his stupidity...something that was generally never attributed to him. He was the reason that Justin's memory was now returning in waves so strong that he had been jolted from sleep and rushing to Brian in the middle of the night. 

 

How had he forgotten that one drop of his blood acted as a healing agent? Justin had ingested more than a single drop, and he was a fairy. Justin's special abilities would be heightened by the consumption of his special blood. It would wear off in time, but that wouldn't matter. The healing would be complete. Not only would Justin's memory fully return, but his powers could possibly be elevated. Whereas he knew Justin wouldn't have visions of Brian's past; in particular, Brian killing Justin's former depraved boyfriend, he could possibly see any future actions for both himself and Brian. That could be catastrophic. 

 

At the moment, though, that wasn't his primary worry. If Brian had sex with Justin tonight; and his senses told him that was imminent now, Justin's suddenly enhanced allure would be too much for Brian's more predatory instincts to be controlled. Brian would reveal his true nature, and Justin would know everything. If that disaster became a reality, there would only be one viable solution and one that Brian would fight him on relentlessly.

 

Should events play out as he intuitively thought they would, Justin Taylor would need to die tonight. 

 


 

Brian licked his lips as he watched Justin inching further up on his bed, the enticing blond beauty thrusting his hips forward, his eyes glazed with desire...a want that was fully directed at the predator that ached to ravage him. His eyes narrowed as he watched Justin's seductive movements, aware that Justin hadn't been like this before tonight. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that his memory beginning to return was pushing his fairy nature to the forefront. And there was nothing more seductive to a vampire than a fairy. Just the thought of tasting his special blood again made his dick twitch, and his throat ache unbearably. He vowed he would somehow achieve that tonight. 

 

Continuing to watch Justin's sensual motion, Brian growled, "You are so fucking hot..."

 

Justin's smile was sultry, his tongue stroking his own lips apart as he hungrily stared at Brian, not a doubt in his mind that he hadn't ever been so lost in his own desires. Was it because he had resisted from the beginning? Even though Seth had been in his life then, he had still been fascinated by this man. In being honest with himself it had always been more than fascination. He had been attracted to Brian. "Perhaps I am...but you make me feel even more so. I want you so much, Brian. You have no idea how much---"

 

Brian's eyes flared, barely able to keep the savage in him in check. Briefly, and in the very back of his mind, Brian wondered how he would handle fucking Justin without revealing all of himself. What troubled him even more was the knowledge that he didn't really care if he did. In that, he knew Ben's concern about this relationship was more than justified. Uncaring of the risk, Brian unsnapped Justin's jeans, his fingers skillfully lowering the zipper, and pulling them down Justin's legs, Brian licked his lips as his eyes trailed up and down Justin's legs, his gaze hungrily fixated on the bulging cock beneath his snug black briefs. Rolling off of the seductive blond in one quick motion, Brian hoarsely demanded, "Remove the rest of your clothes. I need you NOW."

 

Slowly sitting up, Justin leisurely pulled his shirt over his head, lazily tossing it to the side, his eyes smoky and beckoning the other man to take action, tempting him to lose control. Continuing to appear unhurried, Justin slowly trailed his fingertip down his chest, pausing when he reached the top of his briefs, running it slowly along the edges, his cock twitching as he saw nothing but turbulent lust in Brian's eyes. "Is this what you wanted, Mr. Kinney?" Justin provocatively asked, his teeth sinking into his bottom lip, his eyes smoldering with the hint of every sinful pleasure imaginable. 

 

Unable to resist, Brian pushed Justin's hand away, and roughly pulled the only barrier down his legs, and throwing it in the direction of Justin's discarded shirt. "You have no idea what you are risking with your seductive games. I hope you are ready to face the consequences..."

 

"I am more than ready. I was foolish to fight this for so long..." Justin whispered back, his eyes now brimming with a need almost equal to Brian's nearly feral gaze. 

 

Now that Justin was completely naked, Brian pulled away long enough to strip his own clothes away. Before lowering himself down to the tempestuous blond again, Brian roughly asked, "How experienced are you, Justin? I need to know how rough I can go with you---" His eyes were hot and hungry as they moved over Justin's perfect body, his tongue swiping at his lips as he stared longest at the beautiful cock that was hard and pointing up, delighted at the unexpected size of it. As much as he hated the thought of Justin having experience with another man, despite how much the idea of jealousy was foreign, and repellent to him, Brian also realized his own limits. Going easy with this more tempting Justin could be too much for him to withstand.

 

Justin frowned for a moment, in an instant remembering his limited sexual experience. "I'm not a virgin, Brian...but my experience is limited." The lusty haze that had been enveloping him evaporated for a brief moment when his instant memory recollection occurred. Could it be that simple? After living in this fog for so long it would be incredible if mere questions would suddenly invoke the memories of his past. His eyes suddenly connecting with the fierce need in Brian's, Justin decided these were thoughts for later...in fact, much later.

 

"Well then, I guess I will start slow..." Brian growled, the savage in him seeking to possess and devour, while not exactly disappointed he would get to play with Justin as he prepared him for the most intense fucking the younger man would ever have. Brian licked his lips as he stared at Justin's engorged cock, thinking that would be an excellent place to start. "I see a tasty treat I have been hungry to savor. I think I will start right there---"

 

Justin didn't have time to ask questions before Brian moved into position, his tongue snaking out to lick stripes along Justin's dick, up, down...and all around. His tongue moved to stab into the slit that would soon feed him, before his mouth opened wide, lowering to fully engulf the throbbing organ. Justin's hands reached beneath him to clutch the silk sheets, his head arching back, his lips parting as he began to pant and writhe on the bed, Brian's mouth tormenting him exquisitely. Moaning when Brian firmly placed his hands on Justin's hips to keep him still, Justin was forced to remain calm and give Brian complete control, something he sensed the other man was determined to have - not only just tonight but every night. 

 

"That's right..." Brian gruffly approved the hunger riding him lowering his tone to a barely audible rasp. "We will progress much more quickly when you accept exactly who is in charge here---"

 

Gritting his teeth, Justin nearly hissed his own response - "For someone who has professed to want me for so long, you suddenly aren't in any hurry"

 

Brian continued to suck on Justin's now pulsing dick, sadly aware that the half-human creature didn't have the same stamina as his own. It wasn't his intention for Justin to come so quickly. As much as he was hungry to savor the full flavor of Justin's release, that would wait for another time. This first time, he would be deep inside of the addictive blond when they both achieved mutual bliss together. In slow deliberation, Brian's mouth slid down and off of Justin's needy shaft, his eyes glowing with unsuppressed hunger...one that was about to be satisfied on different levels. "What a fierce pair of balls you've suddenly amassed. Your returning memories have brought on more confidence. It's fucking hot."

 

Justin squirmed on the bed, his body that only needed Brian's mouth and body possessing him rebelling against his mind that wanted to hear more. Suddenly, he was feeling so connected to Brian. He didn't know why; although he suspected it might have something to do with the fog that had so quickly evaporated, his deepest desire being to move forward...and hopefully doing so with Brian. "And here I thought you were turned on by sweet and shy little Justin." Licking his lips, Justin watched the man that stared at him like a fierce predator, knowing nothing would satisfy him more than being devoured by this hot man that possessed eyes that bordered on total savagery. 

 

Brian barely bit back a growl as he could smell the sweet aroma of Justin's faerie blood calling to him, almost equaling the lust he felt for totally possessing the enticing blond. Despite the knowledge that he couldn't compel Justin, Brian knew he was going to thoroughly feed on the special blond before they finished tonight. Consequences be damned...

 

Standing to his feet, Brian moved away from Justin, his dick twitching at the needful whine that seemed to be ripped out of Justin's throat, the blond clearly devastated by the absence of his touch and mouth. Brian moved around the bed before he opened the bedside drawer, urgently reaching for the lube, tossing it to Justin, a snarl almost erupting when he looked at Justin's still writhing form on the bed. Fucking hell...Brian thought to himself. He wanted to totally wreck him. Devour him body and soul until Justin was his sole possession. When Justin looked back at him in confusion and lust-filled eyes, Brian savagely ordered, "Prep yourself NOW. I am not patient...and I want to watch you."

 

Justin swallowed, his hand slightly trembling when he popped open the cap, his eyes focused on Brian when he squeezed a generous blob onto his fingers, desire continuing to overtake him. Not uttering a word, but recognizing his own heavy breathing as he began to slip a finger inside, Justin spread his legs further apart, tilting his hips so Brian could get a good look. Although he didn't understand the reason why his shyness suddenly seemed to be a thing of the past, Justin worked his finger inside, slowly sliding in another, moaning as his fingers moved, unable to look away from the almost feral look in Brian's eyes. He wanted him so much. Justin knew he had never wanted a man more.

 

"H-how long do I have to do this, Brian?" Justin bit his lip, realizing his question sounded like a desperate plea. "I-I'm ready now..."

 

Brian's eyes flared, barely able to keep them from glowing red as hunger and lust equally gripped him. "Until I am satisfied you are ready for what I am going to give you. Once I start, I won't be stopping until I am fully sated."

 

Justin groaned, slipping another finger inside, he began to hump against the bed, a fire elevating in his body that needed to be quenched, a desire that was consuming him. "P-please, Brian. I need you---"

 

A savage primal growl ripped from Brian's throat, one that he knew Ben would hear if he was on this floor of the house...however; at the moment, uncaring of that, or about how his brother would feel about what was about to happen. "Pull your fingers out NOW. You are ready enough. Roll over and move up and grasp the posts. I won't be taking it easy on you. I can't..."

 

"I don't want you to. I-I want it all---" Justin gasped breathlessly. Watching as Brian's now naked body moved towards him, Justin's eyes widened at the sight of the large cock that would soon be demanding entry. He couldn't wait to feel that special burn. Justin wasn't a virgin, but he knew Brian's cock would feel much different. He wouldn't simply be fucked...he would be taken. Hurriedly, Justin moved to do Brian's bidding, his desire to tease and torment the other man long past. 

 

Brian licked his lips as he watched Justin rolling over, his legs spread wide open, with his gorgeous ass uplifted, seeming to be beckoning to be taken. Moving in behind him, Brian's lips curved into a carnal smile. Take him was exactly what he would do. Over and over again. Licking his lips as he was in position behind Justin, Brian nearly drooled at the sight of Justin's ass angled up, open, and vulnerable to anything he wanted to give him. The blond had no idea of everything he wanted to do to him. In time, though, he undoubtedly would. Unable to resist, Brian slid his tongue along Justin's sweet hole, knowing he didn't have the patience to truly savor it now. There would be a time when he wasn't so hurried, and he would give Justin a rimming that would have him writhing in desire that he would beg to be quenched.

 

Justin wiggled his hips as Brian's tongue slid across his hole, knowing if Brian persisted he would come before the other man was even close to being inside him. "B-Brian...please---"

 

Without any warning, Brian's hand pulled back and smacked Justin's ass, his eyes flaring at the scent of Justin's pre-cum escaping. "Be still..." Brian growled. As much as Brian wanted to prolong their mutual pleasure, he knew he couldn't wait any longer. Justin's dick was pulsing in need, and he needed to be inside him even more. He had never wanted a man this much. The time for his agonizing wait was now over. "I hope you opened yourself up good for me because I am going to fuck you HARD..." Brian hissed, his cock ramming into Justin's prepped but still tight hole, barely able to restrain himself from totally bottoming out inside of him. Fuck...he felt so good. Brian wanted to pound him into tomorrow.

 

Justin gasped at Brian's initial savage push, the sweet burn feeling too good. He wanted it all...and he wanted it now. "M-more Brian, please..."

 

"You'll get more. So much more..." Brian grated, his dick slicing purposely forward, his hunger for Justin elevating to an unbearable level. Brian slid his hands up Justin's back, sensually sliding over the delicious sweat-drenched skin, his hands settling on Justin's shoulders, knowing he wanted to hold him firmly in place for what he knew would be coming next. At that moment, they would both be coming, his seed deep in Justin's ass...and his addictive blood feeding his most primal hunger.

 

Justin moaned, barely able to be still, yet not wanting to do anything to cause Brian to pause or stop his now hammering motion. Fuck, Justin thought to himself. Sex had never felt so good. This was their first time together. How was it even possible to feel this good? To feel so connected? "B-Brian...I won't last. It's been so long---"

 

"I don't expect you to last. At least not this time..." Brian hissed, his tongue sliding up Justin's spine, his upper body following along, the bloodlust overtaking him, the destination of the pulse throbbing in Justin's neck irresistibly calling to him. "In a moment, you won't be able to control yourself. When the bliss overtakes you, don't fight it, Justin. Come fast and hard."

 

Justin nodded, panting laboriously as Brian continued to mercilessly ram into him, each of them reaching for that special place that would propel them into sweet oblivion. Justin knew he wouldn't last much longer.

 

His eyes glowing now, Brian licked the side of Justin's neck right before his fangs extended. Uncaring about consequences, confident that he could handle any fallout his actions caused, Brian sliced his fangs into Justin's neck, a feral growl erupting at the instant Justin's special blood slid down his throat, only barely noticing how Justin's back stiffened momentarily before the blond gave himself over to him completely...arching into both his mouth and his cock. Brian continued to slam into Justin as he hungrily consumed the life-sustaining essence. Justin tasted too fucking good. This could quickly become an addiction...if it hadn't already.

 

Forcing himself to retract his fangs, Brian licked the wound closed, his voice a rough snarl when he spoke, "Come now, Justin." Reaching beneath him, Brian tightly clasped Justin's throbbing cock, jerking it as he finished, growling in pleasure as they both reached their peak together. Brian found himself hoping Justin wasn't too freaked out. He wanted to fuck him all night...and if Justin was fine with all that had just happened, that was exactly what he would do.

 

Justin was silent until Brian rolled off of him and to his side, unsure of exactly what had just happened, but knowing he couldn't wait to repeat the experience. "Uhhh, what was that, Brian?"

 

Brian smiled, knowing there would be no way of denying what had just happened. Justin was too damned intuitive, and he didn't want to lie to him...not anymore. "To put it simply - I am a vampire. I'm sure you have questions, and I will answer them all."

 

TBC

 

A Night of Truth by confused_bliss
Author's Notes:

A/N: This story is coming to an end. I am hoping to finish it with two more chapters. Hopefully, I can get this wrapped up soon. Thank you for reading!

To those that are awaiting the next chapter of 'Dark Obsession,' I have not abandoned the story. Far from it. My muse is extremely active for that story. I am just finishing this story first so I can work exclusively on one story. Bear with me, it will be coming. 

Another important note for anyone that reads my stories elsewhere. My stories are ONLY being posted here at Kinnetik Dreams, and at A03. My older stories are still listed at FF.net, but I haven't posted new stories there for a long time. I am sorry if this is inconvenient for any of my readers, but what I needed to do.

:)


 

Justin gaped at Brian, unable to process what Brian had just told him. "Uhmm, you're a what?"

 

Brian rolled further away and stood to his feet, deciding that being dressed was probably best for this kind of conversation. He slid into his jeans, and only his jeans. It was his hope that Justin would quickly accept this unexpected truth, and they could return to more pleasant endeavors. Perhaps an unlikely event...but one that he believed to be possible. The fact that Justin's eyes seemed to be more filled with questions than abject horror gave him some hope. 

 

Drolly, Brian replied, "Vampire, Justin. I realize you probably haven't met one before, but my kind does exist." Brian watched as Justin's eyes widened, not quite fearfully, but caution now present. "I don't want you to be frightened. I would never hurt you, or allow anyone else to hurt you." Brian stopped at telling Justin the lengths he had gone to protect him. He doubted Justin would be ready for that discussion now. He wondered if ever. For a moment, Brian considered his own words. Could he even promise not to let anyone hurt him? Ben would be filled with rage about what he was risking now. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Ben would be waiting nearby for a showdown. That meeting wouldn't be pleasant. 

 

Justin bit his lip hesitantly, uncertain how he should be responding. Strangely, he wasn't afraid. If anything, he was intrigued. There had been so many opportunities if Brian had intended to hurt him...or worse. Each time he had looked into Brian's mesmerizing eyes, he had seen desire, and knowing what he knew now, it could have been hunger. Or was it both? "Uhhh, I-I don't really understand. How is this possible? And, why are you telling me now?"

 

Brian smirked slightly. "I just bit you and fed on your delicious blood. There wouldn't be any denying that."

 

"I was so lost in the moment, I wouldn't have known it for what it was." Justin shook his head dazedly. "You just told me you're a vampire. I still don't understand what it was---"

 

"It was me losing myself in the moment as well, Justin. The scent of your blood is addictive." Brian stared hungrily at the far too enticing young man, certain that simply discussing this would make him even more hungry for Justin. "You have no idea how good you taste to me..."

 

Justin lowered his gaze, before lifting his eyes back up to meet Brian's stormy gaze. "Just my blood...or all of me?"

 

Brian growled. "This is NOT the time to tease me with your newly developed provocative ways." When Justin's eyes widened, to Brian's relief, in what appeared to be curiosity, Brian moved closer, his nostrils flaring as he inhaled the delicious scent of this unique specimen of a man. "You have so much to learn about yourself, and me as well; however, I think you are starting to understand how much I want to devour you on every possible level."

 

"You have never hidden that you wanted me...but now I see that there's so much more." Justin looked at Brian with a touch of uncertainty in his eyes. "Is it always about blood? With me, I mean."

 

Brian shook his head, forcing himself to remain still, and not move any closer while Justin asked his questions. He was sure this was only the beginning of them. "No. That's a recent development. At first, I was simply overcome by lust. I've never reacted so instantly to another man. I became obsessed with having you. It was sex, although, I did want to feed on you. I'm a vampire. It goes with the territory. The night that I followed you to the waterfront, the call of your blood was irresistible. I had to taste you." Brian closed his eyes when he remembered that first brief taste. Justin's blood was the sweetest thing he had ever tasted. Now he knew why...but then, he just wanted to devour him. "It was very brief. I wasn't comfortable about revealing myself - then and there - at the same time, I just couldn't resist you."

 

Justin wrinkled up his nose at the very thought. "I can't imagine that my blood would be that much different than anyone else."

 

Closing his eyes, deeply inhaling Justin's scent, Brian's eyes were red when he looked at Justin, hunger suddenly overwhelming him. Fucking fairy blood, Brian thought to himself. After feeding on him again, he was now obsessed with that special flavor. He needed to get that under control. Taking a step back, his mouth nearly salivating at the thought of another taste of his sweet fairy blood, Brian growled, "You have no idea how different. Your blood is special, Justin."

 

Justin was about to ask how it was special when his eyes focused on Brian's glowing red eyes. Gasping, Justin whispered, "Red eyes...it was you! The eyes in my visions. Beautiful and terrifying---" Justin shook his head, back and forth. "I don't understand, Brian. I was frightened after those visions...and yet, I'm still not afraid of you. It's an instinctive feeling that I don't understand. I just know you wouldn't hurt me. Ever."

 

Brian smiled, the monster inside of him settling...at least for the moment. Ben was so wrong. No matter what Justin discovered here, their secrets would be safe with him. He wasn't sure why he was confident - he only knew that he was. Moving closer, Brian sat down on the far side of the bed, turning to fully face Justin, but still a proper distance away from him. "No, I wouldn't. In fact, no one would go as far to protect you as I would." Brian wondered if Justin was ready to know just how far he had gone to protect him. He didn't understand it himself, but he did long for full disclosure between them. It went against his more predatory instincts as a vampire, but Justin was special. Finally possessing him hadn't lessened his pull to the other man. He only wanted him more. In fact, he needed him in every possible way. "Your visions are a form of magic of their own. You are human, but there is more to you, Justin. In time, you will understand it all."

 

Justin's eyes narrowed at Brian's comment, awareness instantly overcoming him. "You know something about why I have the visions. Brian, you have to tell me. This has been afflicting me for years. I hate the feeling when they overtake me. I have no control of my thoughts or what I see, and sometimes they are ominous and terrifying."

 

"Such as the one you had of me." Brian didn't have a doubt of what he had been doing at the time. When he was hunting he could be a savage. That was something that would never change, and such a big part of him that he wouldn't apologize for it...not that he ever apologized to anyone for anything. He wasn't sure that he should go as far as to tell Justin what he knew about his heritage, that he was a fairy. Justin was already being overwhelmed with so much intense information. Would knowing that be too much?

 

"Yeah, it was." Justin bit his lip, looking down and then back up at Brian's watchful gaze. "So uhmmm you attacked Seth in the alley?"

 

Brian nodded, watching Justin closely. "I did. Although, I didn't know you at the time." Thinking about that night, Brian knew he wasn't being entirely honest, and for whatever reason, he gruffly continued, "I have enhanced gifts, ones that aren't typical for a vampire. Not only can I compel my victims to forget, and basically do my bidding, I can also see into their minds, the images that they can see...but without hearing the sound. I saw you that night, and I wanted you instantly."

 

"Uhmmm, this compulsion...I am assuming you did this to me at some time?" Justin asked, finding it to be a logical sequence of events. Instantly, Justin realized he didn't even seem to care about Seth being Brian's victim. Then, he was horrified by the vision, but now, after everything he had learned about his former boyfriend, he couldn't feel anything about the attack.

 

Brian grunted. "I tried on a few occasions. Your mind is impervious to compulsion. At first, I thought it was the drugs that were blocking that part of your brain, but Ben realized the cause when you arrived here." Brian realized he was heading into the direct conversation of what he wasn't sure he should tell him now, but it seemed pointless to hide it from Justin after all he had already divulged. Who knew if Justin would ever find someone that could give him the answers he needed about his own past. 

 

"Your brother?" Justin gasped. "How would he know anything about me?"

 

"Ben has special gifts far beyond my own. He had psychic abilities as a human. When he became a vampire, they were greatly exacerbated." Brian knew he was playing with fire in telling Justin so much so soon, but once he started it was like a dam had been opened up. He wanted to tell him everything. It was then that he realized the unimaginable had happened. Ben had been right all along. He had feelings for Justin. Because of those feelings, he wanted Justin to accept everything about him. He wasn't sure that could ever happen, but he needed full disclosure before they could move forward. 

 

Once more, Justin's eyes widened his mouth opening and closing quickly. "Oh my. Your brother. It hadn't even occurred to me that he could be a vampire too. I thought he was a bit odd when we met earlier, but I guess I just thought he was taken off guard by my arrival here." 

 

"He was at first, and I won't say he approves of our relationship. It worries him. Ben has always been extremely overprotective of me, in life and after." Brian smiled as he recalled the time of his turning. Ben had never wanted this life for him, but when he was the victim of a violent crime and lay bleeding out, Ben had refused to let his life end that way. "I have been a vampire for nearly seventy-five years, my brother even longer than that. I was attacked from behind. There was so much blood, and in those times, very little that could be done to save me."

 

"Your brother couldn't bear the thought of losing you, so he made you like him..." Justin surmised, never having a doubt even in their short acquaintance how much Ben loved his younger brother. 

 

"Precisely," Brian agreed. "Ben hadn't ever taken my blood before that night, that was abhorrent to him to use me like that. He was always my best friend and my fiercest protector. He still is, but I often wish he would lighten up. I can take care of myself."

 

"I think his position is understandable considering the circumstances of you becoming like him." Justin didn't care if Brian was a vampire, a monster to anyone that crossed his path, he was still grateful that Ben had made the choice he had. "I'm glad he did, Brian. Otherwise, I never would have met you."

 

Excluding the evil intentions Seth had planned for Justin, Brian wasn't sure meeting him was the best thing for the sensitive blond, but, he didn't do regrets, and he certainly wouldn't start now. Brian shook his head, knowing he was going to tell him everything about Seth, aware that this could cost him everything. If Justin reacted in a bad way, he knew that Ben would want to kill Justin...but he wouldn't allow that. If he had to leave the life he had built here, then, that was what he would do. It wasn't like he hadn't started over before. He would do so again. "I know you have questions about Ben and how he knows so much about you, and I will answer everything...but there's something else I need to tell you."

 

Justin's eyes focused intently on Brian, a chill running down his spine at the ice that formed in Brian's eyes, an innate feeling that this was going to be very bad. "What is it?" Reaching over, Justin laid his hand over Brian's fist that had begun clenching into the bed covers, wanting nothing more than to soothe the savage beast that seemed to be rising to the surface. He squeezed it gently before pulling it back to him, uncertain how much contact Brian wanted from him right now. "Your secrets are safe with me, Brian. I trust you, no matter what you have told me tonight. I want you to trust me too."

 

"I'm not sure you will feel the same in a moment, but I want you to understand that the actions I took were done to protect you. He would have never stopped, either with you or another victim after he was done with you. I saw his evil intentions in his mind, and he admitted them to me under compulsion. I did what I had to do..."

 

Justin swallowed, not a doubt in his mind where this was going. "It's about Seth, isn't it? 

 

"I had to protect you and anyone else he tried to victimize. I killed him, Justin...and I would do it again."

 

TBC

 

A Stunning Understanding by confused_bliss
Author's Notes:

A/N: Please forgive any mistakes made. I rushed at times getting this chapter ready to post. Story notes at the end. 


 

"That can't be. Seth left a note confessing to everything. I found it." Justin shook his head in adamant denial. "He ran away. I know he did."

 

"No, Justin. He didn't." Brian worried for the first time in seventy-five years of being a vampire. If Justin was repelled by him now after his own confession, not only was it over between them, it would be the end of his life here as well. No matter how easy of a solution, Brian would not agree with Ben's answer to the dilemma. He had never killed anyone that was good. He wouldn't start with Justin. No matter how Justin responded to the truth, Justin's life would not be in peril. He cared too much about the addictive blond.

 

Fuck. Cared? Brian didn't know how it was possible with his undead heart...but he cared about Justin Taylor. He wanted him to stay here with him, but he wanted everything to be open and honest between them. "Justin, I need you to know that I have never killed anyone that exhibited anything good inside of them. Seth was no different. He was vile. His criminal act against you wasn't merely to control you; although, he did desire you." Brian laughed harshly. "Who wouldn't?"

 

"What are you saying, Brian? I - I mean, what do you know about Seth that I didn't?" Justin demanded, unable to fathom how Brian could have a deeper understanding of his former boyfriend than he did himself. 

 

"Justin, as a vampire I have an ability to compel answers from my victims. Once I have a mere drop of their blood, I can compel them to follow my commands, and tell me anything I want to know. Seth knew about your inheritance. Everything he did was to steal that from you. My lack of faith in the justice system forced my hand. His thoughts were completely evil regarding you and his long-term plans. I wasn't going to allow him to escape, only to do this to someone else." Brian didn't look away from Justin's accusing stare. Now that he had opened this door, there was no going back. Brian didn't even look away when he heard Ben screaming in his mind. His brother was enraged, and he wouldn't be surprised if he broke down the door to his bedroom to seek him out. Continuing, knowing he would need to separate from Justin soon in order to handle his brother, Brian told him, "I will need to speak with Ben soon. He's upset that I am opening up to you. Obviously, he fears what you will do with the information."

 

"What I will do?" Justin gasped. "It's clear that either one of you could incapacitate me...or worse. Not to mention that I am in your house, out in the middle of nowhere, with no one the wiser of my whereabouts...not that there's anyone to even tell." Justin shook his head in disgust as Brian's declaration about Seth completely assailed him. He didn't care that Seth was dead by Brian's hand. A very small part of him felt guilty about that. 

 

Brian couldn't stop himself from flinching at the fear that Justin couldn't quite keep from his eyes, or even his voice. Typically, that was the response the predator in him craved and exploited. He didn't want Justin's fear. He only wanted his desire and devotion. "I have already told you that I will not harm you."

 

"Right. So you are saying that you and your brother would allow me to walk out of here untouched, not knowing if I would shout out the truth to anyone and everyone," Justin scoffed, not the least bit delusional.

 

Brian's gaze became primal and cold for a moment. Was that what Justin was saying? Had he opened up to him for nothing? Risked everything for a man that wouldn't look deeper than his actions and words and see the meaning behind all of them? "Are you telling me that's what you want to do?"

 

Justin knew he was a fool. That was exactly what he should do...but he knew that was the last thing he wanted. "No, Brian. I don't want that. I just want to understand, and figure out a way to go on from this point."

 

"I want that too, Justin...but I don't want to rush through any of it. You have already made so many discoveries tonight with your mind just beginning to heal. I don't want it to be too much..." Brian told the younger man, not even attempting to hide the uncharacteristic concern in his voice.

 

Justin smiled briefly, his eyes closing for a brief moment. There was no denying he was getting tired...but he had so many questions. How could he sleep with them all tossing and turning in his mind? "I am tired, but I have so many questions---"

 

"I know you do, and we have all the time in the world to discuss them. How about this? You lay down here and get some sleep while I go speak to Ben. If you are awake when I return, then we can talk some more. If not, we can cover the rest tomorrow."

 

Nodding, Justin agreed, despite wanting certain answers now. A clear head would lead to the right questions being asked, and he desperately wanted to do that. "Okay, I will try. You don't mind if I stay here in your room? I can go back to my room...if you prefer."

 

Brian shook his head, his eyes possessive on the blond. "My preference would be that you never leave my bed...but, it's however you are most comfortable."

 

Turning around, Justin fluffed the pillows into a more comfortable position. Immediately he snuggled until the silken bedding and pillows, his eyes fluttering closed for a long moment. Sighing in comfort, uncertain how he could feel so ease with what he knew now, Justin told Brian, "I will be fine right here."

 

Brian opened his mouth to answer, frowning when he noticed how Justin had instantly fallen asleep. He couldn't fathom it. The fact that Justin felt so at ease in his presence made him feel things he couldn't understand. During his entire vampire existence, he had been devoid of any remaining emotions that had been present in his human life. This man comes into his life and he begins to feel for the first time. Brian wasn't sure what to make of that, but he didn't have any intention of fighting it. 

 

They had much to discuss and resolve yet...but they were finally together. Brian was determined that they would stay together.

 


Silently closing his door; unbeknownst to Justin, securely locking the door for his own protection, Brian rushed down the stairs, knowing he should find Ben in the most secluded corner of the house, his study. He wasn't taking any chances until he had spoken with Ben. Access to Justin would not be allowed. Brian could feel Ben's anger through their bond. At this moment, his brother was capable of anything.

 

Stepping into his study, Brian closed the door with a quiet click, his expression tight and unyielding as he stared into the fiery flames in his brother's eyes. "Well brother, say your peace, and then I will say mine---"

 

"My peace, Brian?" Ben angrily roared. "DO you have any idea what you have just done?"

 

"I will tell you again, brother. I know what I am doing..." Brian snarled, uncaring about Ben's wrath, realizing he had allowed his older, and slightly more powerful brother to push him around for too long now. "Also, I will remind you that you are not forced to stay here and watch me make a mistake; although, I don't believe that one has been made---"

 

Ben's eyes remained blazing, his fangs uncharacteristically extending. He had never exhibited such aggression toward Brian in anger; however, Ben blamed Brian for his response. "You are thinking with your dick, Brian!" Ben roared. "You have revealed everything to an untrustworthy human. I forbid him to leave this house! And if he does, there is only one option...and you know what that must be."

 

Brian moved closer to his brother, his own fangs suddenly extending, his eyes glowing brightly, an identical match to his brother's. "You forbid it!? You are not in charge of me or my relationships, brother. This interference is going to end tonight. Justin is dealing with enough. He won't be dealing with your irrational behavior..."

 

"Irrational behavior?" Ben hissed. "Do you even hear what you're saying, Brian? This human has twisted your mind into complete mush. You have no self-preservation instincts. That being so, he must be removed from your life. Your revelations to him have doomed the both of us. But...I can fix it."

 

"You will not touch him, Benjamin. I won't tell you again. If you persist in your thoughts of harming him, not only won't you be welcome in my home...you will be banished from my life as well." Brian couldn't believe the threats he was issuing. For the entirety of his vampire life, and his human life as well, his big brother had been his role model and the man he looked to for answers. Severing Ben from his life was a painful idea, but Justin's safety meant even more to him. Whether he understood it or not, Justin was everything to him. They wouldn't be apart. "I don't want to lose you brother, but my choice is clear."

 

Ben stared at his brother in disbelief, his fangs retracting. "Fuck, Brian. This is worse than I ever imagined. I don't know how it's possible...but you love him. A human..." he sneered.

 

"You forget that I was a human once, brother...as you were too." Brian rolled his eyes, unable to admit that Ben's words were true, but realizing that was the only explanation why he had felt so drawn to Justin, and why he had to be honest with him. Brian knew that he could have hidden the truth from Justin indefinitely, but he hadn't wanted any secrets between them. Full disclosure was what he'd wanted, and it was what they had now, whether Justin could accept that or not. "If it makes you feel any better, I do have a contingency plan if Justin recoils from me."

 

"Yeah, I do too..." Ben growled, not leaving any doubt about what he meant.

 

"That's not going to happen, Ben. My plan is simple. If Justin can't accept me for who I am, I will just keep him here until we can safely leave. Reinventing my life isn't that difficult. The benefit of being wealthy..." Brian needlessly informed his brother. "However, I don't think that will be necessary. I may not be able to compel Justin, but I can feel what he feels. He wants me, and I believe that will override any hesitation."

 

"Justin's memory returning has enhanced his fairy abilities. Soon he will be having more vivid visions. We have no way of knowing when he will have them, or of how much they will reveal. That is something to be aware of, Brian." Whereas he had decided not to take the choice of Justin's mortality out of Brian's hands, he would continue to issue dire warnings...all of which he believed could be his brother's reality. 

 

"I am well aware of every possibility, Benjamin. I am not a baby vampire; I do know how to read people whether they are compelled or not. Justin wants to be with me. I can sense it. Until I am sure, though, he will remain here. I hope that gives you some comfort." Brian knew he sounded more confident than he actually was. In actuality, until Justin voiced a commitment one way or another, he would have doubts.

 

Ben was about to answer when they both turned upon hearing footsteps hurriedly moving toward the staircase, their enhanced hearing making them able to hear from far away. "Surely he isn't making a run for it when we are obviously both awake and alert?"

 

"Of course not. Something must be wrong. Dreams brought him to me in the first place tonight. Memories of his past completely returning to him. He probably had more of them..." Brian surmised, rushing from the study to the bottom of the long staircase, waiting as Justin hurriedly descended them. "Justin? Is something wrong?"

 

Justin nervously looked at Ben staring at him suspiciously, before focusing on Brian's tense, but concerned gaze. "Uhhh, yes...no, I don't k-know. More dreams...but this time they weren't about me. I uhmmm saw what you did to Seth, and not only that, I could hear everything, even Seth's thoughts---"

 

Brian gave Ben a warning glance when he heard him growling behind him, clearly prepared to protect and defend his younger brother. "Ignore him, Justin. Ben is concerned about how you will ultimately process everything you have been told tonight."

 

"I understand that, and I wasn't sure after hearing about Seth...but now that I saw what happened that night, and the vile thoughts he had not only about me, or anyone else he could potentially victimize for financial gain, I'm not sure you could have done anything else. It was the humane thing to do as crazy as that sounds." Justin couldn't believe what he was saying, or even less feeling...but he actually did condone Brian's predatory and completely ruthless actions. In fact, he was thankful for them.

 

Ben's jaw dropped, sudden understanding overwhelming him. Justin wasn't a threat. Perhaps he never had been. Whether Justin realized it or not, he was in love with Brian. He could feel Justin's devotion in the small amount of blood that connected them. Stepping around his brother, he moved closer to Justin, for the first time, genuinely smiling at the special blond. His entire demeanor was now calm, so he knew Brian wouldn't view his actions as an attack. Gently, he embraced Justin, and hugged him tightly for a moment, whispering softly into his ear, "Welcome to the family, little fairy."

 

When he pulled back, he rushed through the halls and out the front door with vampire speed, leaving Brian alone with Justin, leaving Brian staring after him with a mixture of irritation and relief. Finally, Ben trusted Justin, but at the same time, he had revealed a secret that he hadn't shared with Justin yet. Brian doubted he could avoid that now.

 

"Little fairy?" Justin asked impatiently. "What's that supposed to mean?"

 

Placing his arm around Justin's waist, Brian urged him in the direction of the drawing-room, dropping a quick kiss on his cheek before he answered, "I don't have all of the answers, but your blood and your visions tell us about your true heritage. I will tell you what I know---"

 

TBC

 

A/N: I am trying to wrap this up with only one more chapter. This story has taken forever to tell, but for many reasons, I have decided to end this particular journey. The last chapter will have some intense vampire/fairy action - if you catch my meaning, and it will have a slight time jump. For now, though, I am going to get the next chapter of ‘Dark Obsession' written. I have had so many messages asking about that story, and I know it's been left for so long. After that, I will close this one out. Thanks so much for reading. I truly appreciate that!

 

A Fitting End by confused_bliss

 

Three Months Later...

 

Brian pushed into Justin, his eyes glowing red as he rammed his cock in and out, the steamy water that cascaded down their bodies, unable to compare to the heat the two of them were generating. Nothing felt as good as bottoming out inside of Justin. He was addicted to everything that was Justin Taylor. After fucking him for what had been days, weeks, and now months, there was no such thing as enough. "You always feel so fucking good---" Brian growled into the side of Justin's neck, his tongue licking the rapidly beating pulse point, knowing that another hunger would overtake him soon. No matter how much of Justin's fairy blood he consumed - the sweetest and most addictive of ambrosia to a vampire, it was never enough. Each taste always tasted like the first taste, always leaving him wanting more.

 

"So do you..." Justin gasped, his ass pushing back against Brian's cock that was drilling into him, fusing them together as if their bodies had been created solely for this purpose. Arching his neck into Brian's mouth, by now instinctively knowing exactly what his vampire lover needed, Justin's sultry fairy immediately climbed to the surface, seducing his lover what the flirtatious imp inside of him desired most of all. "Harder, Brian. Bite me. Fuck me like you want to wreck me---"

 

Brian hissed, his cock hammering into Justin's hot little hole that gripped him so tightly, refusing to be too quick or harsh. Fairy or not, Justin was still half-human. He could not withstand the full fervor of a vampire, especially one that had an insatiable hunger that could not be appeased. "Careful there, little fairy. You can't handle THAT level of possession by me."

 

Justin slid his hands back to clasp around Brian's hands that were latched tightly onto his hips, yanking at him to meet each and every brutal thrust. No matter how much force Brian fucked him with, Justin never thought it was enough. He knew that Brian often held back, and he didn't want that. Justin wanted to feel it all. "I can handle more than you think, Brian. And, I want it...I need it so fucking much."

 

A snarl ripped from Brian's throat, the predator in him wanting to give his lover everything he asked for - in fact, he wanted to give him even more. Brian wanted to push him to his very ceiling, watching as he spiraled back down, only to push back even harder, giving Justin the release unlike any he had ever experienced. "Put your hands against the wall and brace yourself. I am going to give you what you want, Justin. What we BOTH want..."

 

Without any hesitation, Justin immediately responded, removing his hands from around Brian's, and placing them flat against the wet tile. He didn't have any intention of giving Brian a reason to change his mind. He had been dreaming about this exact possession; although, he hadn't told Brian that yet. He would after the fact. For now, he just wanted the full experience of belonging to Brian. Justin knew there wasn't a flicker of doubt in either of their minds that he belonged to Brian, but he knew this would only solidify that reality. "Fuck me, Brian. Harder. Claim a-and bite me as if you own me."

 

A primal hiss slid through Brian's lips. Damn provocative fairy. Justin knew exactly what to say to make him lose his fucking mind. His fangs quickly fully extended, the savage in him had been waiting impatiently for Justin to plead for the sting of his bite. "I DO own you, my sweet little fairy. If nothing else has made that an irrefutable fact, then, this will surely leave no doubt..." 

 

Justin moaned as Brian pulled nearly all the way out of his ass, his fangs sliding into his neck at the exact time his cock slammed back inside, Brian instantly anchoring Justin to him with his hand clutched tightly to his chest, his other hand securing Justin's head to the side as he began feeding on Justin in ravenous hunger as his cock rammed savagely into Justin's tight heat. Brian didn't slow his pace in order to acknowledge that Justin was keeping up with him. As he gorged on his addictive blood, Brian could feel everything that Justin was feeling. Justin was in pure unadulterated bliss. This wouldn't last for very long. The force of his thrusts would bring them both to completion quickly.

 

Barely mindful of how much blood he had already taken, Brian slowed down the speed at which he was feeding but never altered his pace of driving in and out of Justin's ass. He tasted fucking amazing, but his ass gripping down on him so tightly was another form of ecstasy. On all counts, Justin was the perfect drug. He would remain that for all time. His and only his. Brian growled as Justin's muscles clenched around him, immediately after, Justin's release coating the wall of the shower. He was so fucking hot. Brian couldn't believe he had found such perfection. 

 

Retracting his fangs, Brian licked the wound closed, sliding his hand away from the back of Justin's head, and down to clasp tightly around his hip, keeping him safely in place as he pounded out his own completion. Brian nearly howled when he let go, coming in thick ribbons inside of his perfect boy. "So fucking good..." Brian growled into the back of Justin's neck. 

 

"Another dream realized," Justin smiled as he softly murmured, finally catching his breath, unable to believe what Brian did to him - over and over again. He would never get used to this life, not even after putting it all into perspective. It was totally surreal; at least, it was to him. As they silently rinsed off, and stepped out of the shower, each of them quickly drying off, and wrapping a thick towel around their waists, Justin realized his past life had begun to fade into nothingness. Everything was about now and the future, all of which was about his life with Brian. 

 

He had fallen irrevocably in love with a vampire. There was so much he didn't understand about his own heritage. The information he had been given had been so sketchy, and he wasn't sure he would ever understand it completely. He had read over the paperwork repeatedly that the attorney had given him. He couldn't even ask the attorney. It was a sealed letter due to the privacy of the contents. What attorney would even believe in the existence of fairies? He certainly wouldn't have before he had learned the truth about himself, nor would he have believed in the existence of vampires. Both were a part of his life now. Brian was immortal, and he was not. That was a sobering thought, one that had been in a corner of his mind ever since his feelings for Brian had deepened to the extent they had elevated to now.

 

Brian watched Justin curiously as they moved out of the bathroom, and into their master suite, uneasy about the unrest he sensed in his young man. He still couldn't compel Justin, nor would he ever be able to, but after ingesting so much of Justin's blood, he could feel his emotions as clearly as if they were his own. Placing a forestalling hand on Justin's arm, Brian halted his steps, asking him with a raised brow, "What's wrong, Justin? Suddenly you seem almost forlorn."

 

"It's nothing really..." Justin hedged. "I am just being silly."

 

Rolling his lips, Brian shook his head, aware that Justin Taylor could rarely be defined as silly. He doubted this was one of those rare occasions. Pointing his head over to the writing desk not far from the bed, Brian told him to be seated, pulling up another matching chair to sit close to him. "We don't have any secrets between us now, Justin, and I intend for it to stay that way. Tell me what's bothering you." Brian didn't add that he would make the problem go away by any means necessary. He didn't have to say it. Justin should know that by now.

 

Justin snorted. "Too bad Ben isn't still around, he could tell you everything---"

 

"Evasion won't work, Justin. Not with me..." Brian advised sternly. Justin wasn't wrong about that, though. Ben's gift of perception was extraordinary. He would quickly determine what was troubling his young lover. 

 

"Fine. I feel stupid even mentioning it, and it's something that shouldn't be a factor for many years yet." Justin knew he was hedging, dreading sounding like a complete fool. 

 

Brian glared at Justin, his concern only increasing as Justin delayed in explaining to him what was troubling him. "I'm waiting, Justin. Vampires aren't very patient. It would be wise if you stop provoking any unease in me."

 

"It's not my intention..." Justin snapped. "I'm basically mad at myself for ruining such a beautiful, not to mention hot moment we just shared. I am human, Brian, and I realize that we won't always have what we have now."

 

"Why won't we?" Brian nearly yelled, barely able to keep his fangs from extracting. What the fuck had happened to give Justin so many doubts? He hadn't touched a man since he had brought him into his home months ago, outside of feeding when necessary. As much as Justin would be willing, he wouldn't feed exclusively on Justin. Brian was never sure how much Justin could physically endure, and he wouldn't risk him for anything. 

 

Justin reached out to extend his hand to Brian, squeezing it tightly when Brian immediately accepted the offering. "I didn't mean anytime soon, Brian. I know how you feel about me, and I feel the same about you. I don't think our feelings will ever change. In fact, I'm sure of that. Perhaps it's another enhanced gift from being half-fairy. I am scared about the future. You are immortal, and I am a human. I will age in time, and you will always be as you are now." 

 

Brian compressed his lips, forcing himself to forsake an eye roll, realizing his typical sarcasm wasn't what Justin needed right now. "Justin, it will be many years, decades even, that age would become a factor. It is something we can discuss when that time is closer."

 

"Discuss?" Justin squeaked out, a tremor in his voice as he continued to think about time passing by and inescapable eventuality. "There wouldn't be anything to discuss, Brian. It's just life."

 

Brian sighed, only slightly surprised they were having this conversation now. Justin was so young. It shouldn't even be a consideration at this point...but, Justin wasn't only very sensitive, he was extremely intelligent as well. Giving his hand a reassuring squeeze, Brian gently told his overly delicate blond, "You will have options other humans don't have, Justin. As I said, we can discuss this at that time."

 

"Options?" Justin asked, confusion placing a frown on his face until suddenly there was enlightenment. "Oh, I don't know about that. I'm not sure I could be a vampire, Brian. I am just too soft---"

 

Brian emitted a sultry laugh. "Not all of the time."

 

Justin rolled his eyes. "You know what I meant." Shaking his head, knowing he was being silly, and that the future would take care of itself as it should, he released Brian's hand, a yawn suddenly escaping, not the least bit surprised by it. The days and months had been filled with late nights, with him doing so much during the daytime when Brian was asleep. Perhaps it was time to take a breath now. "Just ignore my silly ramblings. I think I'm just overtired."

 

"Nonsense, Justin. Your thoughts, and especially your fears, are never silly. I want to know about them no matter how insignificant they might be." Brian stood to his feet, reaching for Justin's hand and pulling him with him. Silently, they removed their towels, each of them slipping into clean underwear, the only thing they wore to bed. 

 

Slipping into the large bed, Brian waited until Justin laid his head against his chest, before he pulled the covers up over them, his hand lightly stroking Justin's soft blond strands, for some reason, a nightly ritual that he had enjoyed since Justin had moved into his rooms. Idly sifting his fingers through the strands that had been growing longer in the recent weeks, Brian softly asked him, "Have you thought about contacting your mother?" When Justin immediately tensed beside him, Brian needlessly reminded, "I think she is the only person living that might have some insight into your fairy heritage, and she did reach out to you to provide that information when you were in the hospital."

 

"That's true, but I'm not ready for that yet. I just got all of my memories back, and my painful past is a part of that. No matter how much she tried to get the news of my inheritance to me when I was in and out of consciousness, it doesn't make her ignoring all of the years of my father's abuse disappear." Even though he realized his mother had tried to improve his life by passing that knowledge along, and obviously keeping it from his father all of those years, he still wasn't able to forgive her neglect. Perhaps in time... but now was not that time.

 

Brian nodded, completely understanding Justin's position; although surprised that it was a view they agreed on. He was a creature of habit, and rarely trusted anyone, his brother and Justin were excluded from that. Forgiveness went along with that. He wasn't sure he could forgive her either, but he was hopeful that Justin would forgive his mother in time. It was just the nature of Justin's tender heart. Something that he would hate to see diminished if Justin ever made the choice to become a vampire.

 

His eyes closing, sleep soon to overtake him, Brian huskily whispered, "No matter what you decide, I am in your corner, Taylor. Human or vampire, I am with you until the very end."

 

Justin smiled, snuggling in closer. Aware that Brian was slipping into his undead sleep, Justin sighed happily, blissfully content. "You are everything I want, Brian Kinney. Now and forever."

 

END

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

A/N: This is where we end this journey. I realize there are so many avenues I could have explored and extended, but I felt it was time to say goodbye. I never rule out revisiting my characters, especially in such alternate 'verses. Only time will tell about that. Feel free to leave your thoughts about that. :) Thank you for reading!    

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1563