Returning What Belongs To You by Lorie
Summary:

 

A different outcome to the return of Brian's bracelet.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Daphne Chanders, Ethan Gold, Justin Taylor
Tags: Bottom Brian, Celebratory Fuck, Established Relationship, Toppy Justin
Genres: Alternate Canon
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 8680 Read: 4526 Published: Jul 11, 2020 Updated: Jul 20, 2020

1. Chapter 1 by Lorie

2. Chapter 2 by Lorie

3. Chapter 3 by Lorie

Chapter 1 by Lorie

 

When he told Ethan what he was doing that day, they got into an argument. Justin had told him that he was taking the day off from work to follow Brian's nephew, John, around. Ethan responded that Brian wasn't his concern and Justin should let the man get out of his own mess. After Ethan had finally left for class, Justin had put on the softest long sleeve shirt he had, hoping for the best.

 

He was hoping that he could find a way to clear Brian of the false charges his nephew had made against the man who would always have his heart. He had borrowed Daphne's car for the day and waited outside Claire's house. Luckily he got there just before John came out, stashed his books behind a tree, and headed to the bus stop. After John got on the bus Justin followed until he saw him get off at the stop for the mall. Quickly parking the car, he followed John into the arcade. Once he saw the bracelet on John's wrist he went straight to Carl.

 

Justin and Carl stopped by to pick up Deb after her shift and headed to Claire's house at the time John would be getting home from 'school'. Claire was not happy to see them there and tried to say her son wouldn't lie about something like that. After Carl got John to admit that he lied about Brian and stole the bracelet Carl handed it to Justin,

 

"I'll let you return this to Brian, and good luck," the old cop said with a wink. He then turned to Claire and informed her that she and John were being taken to the precinct to give their statements, and that what John had done would be kept on record and that there may be a fine involved for filing a false statement.

 

Carl and Deb had talked the night before about how Justin didn't seem as happy lately, like the relationship with Ethan wasn't what Justin was hoping for when he had left Brian. Deb thought that maybe Justin was staying with Ethan because he didn't want to face the fact that he had made a mistake. She knew how miserable Brian had been lately and it didn't look like Justin was doing any better. 

 

*****************************************

 

Justin still had his keys to the loft but didn't use them, instead, he rang the buzzer and waited for Brian to answer,

 

"Brian, it's me, I have something that belongs to you," Justin announced when Brian answered. At the answering click, Justin pushed open the door. 

 

Climbing the stairs to the loft, Justin was hoping to find Brian alone. He wanted to return the shell bracelet that John had stolen, but he also hoped that he could talk to the man. Justin knew he was still in love with Brian and hoped that maybe the older man still had feelings for him too. After what had happened that morning with Ethan, he decided that he was going to ask Deb if he could move back into his old room.

 

When he reached the top of the stairs Brian was standing in the doorway wearing his jeans and undershirt, the door was open and his feet were bare. Justin pulled the bracelet out of his pocket,

 

"I believe this belongs to you," he said, holding out the shell bracelet but barely looking in Brian's eyes. 

 

"Thanks," Brian answered, taking the object from his hand and raking his eyes over the blond that he missed every day. Brian wondered why he was wearing long sleeves and looking troubled.

 

"Anytime," Justin answered, before reaching out and taking the bracelet back, "Here," he said as he tied it on Brian's wrist slowly, making the older man shudder at the touch of the blond's fingers, before he cleared his throat,

 

"Shouldn't you be getting back to your boyfriend?" Brian asked, raising his eyebrows and hoping to figure out the strange feeling he was getting from the blond. Justin had barely looked at him, keeping his eyes cast down and only taking quick glances.

 

"Yeah," Justin said resignedly, before turning away and heading to the stairs. 

 

Brian headed back into the loft, leaving the door open and hoping that Justin would realize what he really meant. He also took off the bracelet and threw it toward the living room, knowing that he would never wear it again, as it would only be a reminder of what his nephew had done.

 

As Justin started down the stairs he realized that he hadn't heard the loft door shut. Maybe Brian does care, maybe... he thought, as he turned and headed back to the doorway of the loft. 

 

His heart pounded as he saw what was waiting as he got to the loft door, Brian was standing there with his arms out,

 

"Well, are you coming or going, coming and then going, or coming and staying where you belong, where you have always belonged?" Brian asked with a smirk.

 

"Oh, Brian," Justin whispered as he threw off his vest and rushed into his lover's arms. 

 

Brian tilted the blond's head up as he lowered his mouth to his. The kiss started off softly but quickly became possessive. Brian wanted to stake his claim on the man he had missed every day he had been gone. Once they broke the kiss Justin turned to shut and lock the door. After setting the alarm Justin turned to see Brian waiting for him with his hand out. They walked into the bedroom together and Brian reached down to pull off Justin's shirt. After he tossed it on the floor he looked at the normally pale chest and arms. As he took Justin by the shoulders and turned him around his face darkened,

 

"WHAT THE FUCK..." Brian shouted as he let the blond go and grabbed for his shoes.

 

"Brian, no, please..." Justin pleaded, grabbing Brian's arm as he remembered why he had worn long sleeves. 

 

"Please what, Justin? Please don't go and rip that fucking bastard's hands off for what he did to you? Please don't break a finger for every mark he left on MY BOYFRIEND? How many times has this happened Justin? Tell me." Brian raged as he looked at the marks on Justin's arms and the bruises on his chest and back.

 

"This is the first and only time, Brian. I swear. The first and the last. I'm planning on asking Deb if I can have my old room back. After Ethan did this he left for class, and I packed up all my stuff and left." Justin answered.

 

"So, why did he do it?" Brian asked, still furious.

 

"Because I told him that I was taking the day off to follow John and see what I could find out. He got mad and told me to stay out of it and let you clean up your own mess. I said that I don't take orders from him or anyone else and he tried to stop me from leaving the apartment and told me I better be there when he got back," Justin answered, crossing his arms and using them to try and cover the bruises. 

 

Brian tried to calm himself down as he took Justin in his arms. Shaking his head he said, "You're always there for me, aren't you? More than anyone else," 

 

"Did you mean what you said, Brian?" Justin asked quietly, hoping for the answer he wanted.

 

"What?" Brian asked.

 

"That I'm your boyfriend," He whispered, afraid that if he said it too loudly Brian would run.

 

"Of course you are, you have been for a long time. I just didn't want to admit it. Because admitting it gives you all the power," 

 

"What power?" Justin asked, confused.

 

"The power to hurt me. But I realized today that to you, all it meant was that you would be there to protect me, anytime I needed it, without my ever having to ask," Brian said, biting his lips.

 

Justin felt a nervous tingle at the back of his neck and looked into Brian's eyes. He realized that Brian wasn't just talking about getting John to admit he had lied. 

 

"Yes, I know what you did with Kip, and thank you for that too," Brian said, shaking his head. 

 

Justin looked down at his hands, "I never..."

 

"Wanted me to know. I know. Which just proves my point. You are, and have always been there for me, more than anyone else in my life," Brian answered, leaving out Michael and Lindsay's names, but knowing that Justin would understand what he meant.

 

"And another thing Justin, you're not going to move back in with Deb, unless that's what you want. You belong here, with me. This is your home, OUR home. For as long as you want it to be," Brian declared, before taking Justin's hand and heading to the shower. "Now let's get cleaned up and start on our reunion." 

 

In the shower, Brian washed Justin's hair before carefully washing and kissing every bruise on his body. He then quickly washed himself, both of them ignoring their obvious hard-ons. The shower was no place to start the reunion that Brian intended to give Justin. After the shower, Brian carefully patted Justin dry and led him to the bedroom. 

 

They climbed into bed, each taking their normal sides. Brian reached for Justin's face, holding it as he kissed the puffy pink lips softly. He then straddled the blond and reached for the bottle of lube that was on Justin's side of the bed. Brian handed Justin a condom and shook his head as Justin started to reach for his cock.

 

"Not this time," He said to the blond as he directed Justin's hand to his own cock, before he reached around to prepare himself.

 

"I need you to show me why the tops on Liberty are so willing to bend over for you. Just go slow, I've never done this before," Brian said quietly, looking at Justin with so much trust in his eyes that the blond had to blink back tears.

 

Justin held himself steady and raised his knees so that Brian had something to hold while lowering himself onto his cock. Brian sank down slowly, pausing to let himself stretch around the huge cock on the small man's frame. Once he was fully seated they looked into each other's eyes, knowing that they were feeling the same emotions for each other. Finally, Brian started to raise himself up. Justin joined in with the movements and they soon got into the rhythm they normally did with each other, pausing frequently to prolong their joining. Eventually, they both sped up, knowing that they were each nearing the end. They came together, Brian shooting all over Justin's chest without either one of them having touched his cock, and the blond shooting into the condom deep inside his lover. After they had both calmed down Brian slowly rose up off of Justin, just now understanding why his lover hated when they separated. It really was a feeling of complete emptiness. Both men's eyes shone with tears.

 

"Thank you," Brian said, now knowing why Justin was considered one of the best tops. He had taught him well.

 

"I... I never thought... That was amazing, Brian," Justin stammered, not sure what to say about the gift that his lover had just given him.  

 

"I think we will be doing that a lot more often. You are a great top, Sunshine," Brian commented, earning him one of Justin's best smiles. "But we need to talk. I want to know why I shouldn't go and rearrange fucking Ian's fingers for him,"

 

"Because he's not worth it, Brian. He will be pissed off enough when he finds me and all my stuff gone. He liked having me around to cook and clean, now he'll be all alone."

 

"Speaking of all your stuff, where is it?" Brian asked, knowing Justin wasn't carrying anything when he arrived earlier.

 

"It's in Daphne's... Oh shit, I was supposed to return her car to her. She's going to be pissed," Justin said, getting up to get dressed. He looked at his phone that had been on silent and saw ten missed calls from his best friend.

 

"Give me your phone, Sunshine, I'll fix it," Brian commented as Justin handed it to him. Smiling, he pressed number two on Justin's phone. He knew without a doubt that he was and always would be number one.

 

Brian put it on speaker as he heard her answer, "Justin Taylor, you fucking ass, where the fuck are you?"

 

"Why my sweet lady, such a mouth on you," Brian purred in answer.

 

"Brian? What the fuck are you doing with Justin's phone? Did something happen? Is he alright? Where are you?" She asked quickly, so quickly that he couldn't even get an answer in. 

 

"My boyfriend and I are just fine. Sorry for ignoring your calls, but we have been making love and didn't want to stop. We will bring your car back to you now. Love you," Brian calmly announced before hanging up the phone on a no-doubt very confused young lady. 

 

They finished getting dressed, transferred Justin's belongings into Brian's car, and Brian followed Justin to Daphne's. When they got there she didn't look upset at all, she just smiled and hugged them before they went back to the loft to continue their reunion.

 

Chapter 2 by Lorie
Author's Notes:

This is for the readers who asked for more. 

 

After a few more hours of pretty intense reunion sex, Brian was fairly sure Justin would be taking a nap for at least a couple of hours. Kissing the blond on the temple he slipped out of bed to get dressed. He had promised Justin that he would not attack Ethan, but that didn't mean he couldn't issue a warning to the greasy chin-rat. When he was dressed he sat on the edge of the bed to put on his shoes. Justin rolled over and looked at him,

 

"Are you going out?"

 

"Yeah. I have a couple of things I need to do. And I'm going to pick up some food for a couple of days so we can stay in and relax for the weekend. Easy stuff. I don't expect you to cook for me. You're not the maid."

 

"You're not going to go after Ethan are you?" Justin questioned.

 

"I promise you, Justin, I'm not going to lay a hand on him," Brian reminded him.

 

"Okay, Brian, I'm just going to take a little nap. I'm kinda worn out," Justin said as his head snuggled into Brian's pillow and he breathed in the scent of the man who would always be first in his heart.

 

As Brian locked up and set the alarm he whispered, "I love you Sunshine, and I'm glad you're back home." And he truly meant it.

 

***********************************************************

 

He had never told Justin, but he had always kept track of his and Ethan's schedules, just out of curiosity, of course. He knew that Ethan would be playing his beloved violin near the stage in the park, no doubt pretending that everyone was coming to hear him play. As Brian got closer he noticed that there was no one around, but Ethan had his eyes closed and was playing like the world was listening. Sneaking up behind him, Brian shouted,

 

"BOO,"

 

Ethan jumped and dropped his bow on the ground. Brian then ‘accidentally' stepped on it, snapping it in half. 

 

"Oops," Brian said, shrugging.

 

"You stupid fucking asshole," Ethan shouted, picking up his splintered bow as he set his violin in its case and turned to face Brian.

 

"No Ian. A stupid fucking asshole would be someone who had the best, most precious, most wonderful gift in the world and lost it because he was an idiot," Brian countered.

 

"And that would be you, again," Ethan answered, glaring at Brian.

 

"You sure about that Paganini?" Brian asked.

 

"Yes. Justin is right where he belongs," Ethan answered smugly.

 

"He definitely is," Brian answered.

 

Something about the way Brian was acting unnerved Ethan. He seemed to be gloating, but why? Justin was at their apartment. Or at least he better be, Ethan thought. 

 

"I told him this morning to stay home and let you get out of your own mess. He's not your errand boy anymore," Ethan announced.

 

Brian realized that Ethan had obviously not been to his apartment since he got out of class or he would have noticed that Justin and all his things were gone.

 

"You TOLD him? Since when does Justin take orders from anyone? He has his own mind and makes his own decisions. Well, maybe he hasn't forgotten how," Brian stated.

 

"Well if he knows what's good for him, he will be there when I get home," Ethan said with a sneer.

 

"Is that a threat?" Brian said through clenched teeth, taking a step closer to the suddenly nervous musician.

 

"Stay away from me Kinney," Ethan said, stepping back and falling on his violin, smashing it in the case.

 

"Only because I promised him," Brian chuckled as he walked away from the now distraught man who was now holding a splintered mess of wood in his hands as he cried. "Oh yeah, stay the fuck away from MY BOYFRIEND. That is the only warning you will get," Brian added as he slipped into his car.

 

************************************************************

 

Brian stopped at the grocery store to get some easy to make foods and some of Justin's favorite snacks to hold them over until Monday. They could shop then or maybe just get things delivered. Although, knowing Justin, he would probably want to pick out stuff himself. That man sure did love to cook, and he was damn good at it too. Brian figured that he would need to start putting more time in at the gym, or at least in bed with his favorite blond, to work off all the calories Justin would now be serving him.

 

Meanwhile, Michael was pissed. He had been calling and texting Brian for hours without getting an answer. He had called the office and Cynthia informed him that Brian had left for the day. He wanted to go to Woody's and Babylon with his 'best friend'. Ben was out of town and he was broke and bored. He needed Brian, and his wallet, for entertainment. He got to the loft building and Brian's car was gone. Well, he would just let himself in and wait. Even if Brian was still at work, since it wouldn't be the first time Cynthia had said Brian was gone when he was still there, he would need to come home to change before going out. He wouldn't go clubbing in his suit. 

 

After locking the door and setting the alarm Michael walked around the loft as if it was his, imagining he lived there with Brian. He couldn't seem to give up the dream of him and Brian being a couple. Suddenly he heard something in the bedroom. Someone was in the loft. He looked around for some kind of weapon and saw the broom. Picking it up, he headed up the stairs and saw that someone was in Brian's bed, completely under the covers. Whoever it was was too small to be Brian. He raised the broom up over his head and slammed it down as hard as he could on the lump in the bed. 

 

Returning to the loft, Brian set the bags down and pulled out his keys. As he was unlocking the door he heard Justin scream in pain. Wrenching back the door he screamed his lover's name and ran to the bedroom. Michael was standing there holding the broom like he was going to use it again. Justin was lying on his side, crying and rocking back and forth in obvious pain.

 

"Michael. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE??!! AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO JUSTIN?" He shouted at him as he went to hold Justin and check him.

 

"I was... I was... I didn't know he was here," Michael stammered. "I wanted to go out with you tonight and you didn't answer any of my calls or texts," he continued, like it was the most natural thing in the world for him to be in the loft waiting for Brian to get home.

 

"That should have given you a hint that I didn't want to go out," Brian shouted as he comforted Justin. Looking under the covers he saw a huge red welt that was quickly starting to bruise across the top of Justin's ass. 

 

"But Brian, it's Friday and Ben is away and I want to go out. HE needs to leave so we can go," Michael whined, pointing at Justin, not happy that he was there at all. His mother had told him that they may be getting back together when he stopped by looking for Brian, but he decided to ignore what she said.

 

"HE has a name. It's Justin. And HE lives here now. And are you even going to apologize to him for what you did?" Brian asked, getting more and more annoyed at Michael's entitled attitude.

 

"Well if you had told me he was going to be here maybe he wouldn't have gotten hurt, if he even is hurt. So it's not my fault," Michael announced, crossing his arms petulantly while glaring at Justin who was clearly in pain.

 

"Do you hear yourself, Michael? You're blaming us because you came into OUR home, where you DO NOT live or belong, and attacked Justin, who was sleeping in his own bed," Brian told him.

 

"But Brian, he DOESN'T belong here. You know he'll just leave again. He's just a kid. You need a real man," Michael continued to whine, hoping to convince Brian to throw Justin out.

 

"Justin is a real man. He proved it earlier when he pounded my ass so hard I can barely sit down," Brian unintentionally announced to Michael. Although the look on Michael's face, which reminded Brian of a constipated fish out of the water, was kind of worth it.

 

"NO. Brian, you're lying. Brian Kinney is a top. You wouldn't bend over for some blond boy ass. Tell me you're lying," Michael pleaded, practically crying, knowing that if what Brian said was true, he had truly lost the man he wanted for himself since he was fourteen.

 

"I don't lie Michael. You know that. Justin and I are together. And this time it's permanent. I was going to take back your keys, but you just keep them. We're changing the locks and the codes. And you can tell Lindsay the same thing, since I know you will now go whine to her about this. I realized today that although you and she call yourselves my best friends, I only have one. It's the man right here, the one in my arms and my heart," Brian stated, wrapping Justin tighter in his arms. "Now it's time for you to go. We're not finished celebrating our reunion yet. Don't call or come by until you can sincerely apologize for what you did and until you accept the fact that Justin and I are a couple. Goodbye Michael." Brian said, turning his back on a whimpering Michael and kissing Justin.

 

Once they heard the loft door shut Brian pulled the covers off of Justin and rolled him on his stomach to get a better look at what Michael had done. 

 

"Are you okay, Sunshine? This looks bad, but at least he hit your ass and not your back, you have padding there," Brian said, running his hand over the now dark purple stripe across Justin's ass.

 

"It hurts, but at least it's at the top so I'll be able to sit down. But I won't be able to lay on my back to get fucked for a while," He said sadly. He loved to look into Brian's eyes while they fucked.

 

"Well then, I guess you'll have to be on top until you heal," Brian smirked before biting his lips. Justin smiled at the thought. Getting to top Brian was like heaven for him.

 

"Did you get food? I'm starving," Justin stated, carefully climbing out of the bed. 

 

"Yeah. It's outside the door. Let me get it," Brian said as he headed to the hallway to retrieve the forgotten bags.

 

"Brian, where else did you go?" Justin asked quietly. 

 

"I may have stopped by the park to listen to some music," 

 

"And..."

 

"I may have accidentally startled someone and stepped on a stick that had some kind of string attached,"

 

"You broke his violin?"

 

"No. He did that himself when he fell on it as he backed away from me. I swear I never laid a finger on him, I just stood up straight, really close to him. Oh, and I did warn him to stay the fuck away from you as I was leaving," Brian answered honestly.

 

"Brian, I love you," Justin announced. Quickly looking down and hoping Brian wouldn't be upset at the declaration.

 

"Me too, Sunshine. Me too," Brian said, grabbing his blond and kissing him soundly. 

 

Justin just stood there staring in shock, not saying a word as he watched Brian put away the groceries. Suddenly he grabbed Brian by the shirt and was dragging him into the bedroom. 

 

"I thought you were starving?" Brian questioned, smiling as Justin started stripping him. 

 

"Later. I need to make love to you first," Justin told him.

 

"Anytime Sunshine," Brian answered with a smile.

 

For the next hour, Justin showed Brian just how much he meant to him.

 

Chapter 3 by Lorie
Author's Notes:

Okay. One last and final chapter to wrap it up.

 

Gus had been cranky and teething because his final molars were coming in. Lindsay had finally gotten him to sleep when someone started pounding on her front door. Rushing to the door she jerked it open to see Michael there, panting and crying. Forgetting her anger she quickly asked,

 

"Michael, what's wrong? Is it Deb?" as she pulled him into the living room, thinking that something horrible had to have happened, judging by the way Michael was acting.

 

"No. Ma is fine, at least she was the last time I saw her. It's Brian!" He shouted.

 

Thinking the worst, she started crying, "Brian? What happened? Michael, tell me... what happened to Brian?"

 

"He's back with that fucking blond boy ass!" Michael whined. "And what's even worse is that he said that he let him TOP! And he's changing the locks and codes on the loft. He even said that he loves him! Michael spat out, sobbing as he dropped down onto the couch.

 

"Michael, you must have heard him wrong. Justin is with Ethan, and even if he wasn't, Brian Kinny is the ultimate top. He wouldn't bend over for a kid. He's probably just trying to piss you off. Now calm down and tell me everything that happened," Lindsay said, trying to stay calm but worried that if what Michael was saying was true, her dreams of being with Brian, and his wallet, might be in jeopardy. Justin knew too much about being a WASP, and if he and Brian were really a couple he might realize just how much support Brian gave her ‘for Gus', and she definitely didn't want her gravy train derailed.

 

Once Michael had calmed down he told Lindsay everything that had happened, even telling her what he had done to a sleeping Justin to protect Brian's stuff. Mel came in from a late client appointment just as Michael got to the part about hitting Justin. He finished by telling them Brian's reaction and comments. 

 

Lindsay was secretly pleased that Michael had hurt Justin, wishing that she could hit him, too. How dare that gold digging blond get in the way of what she wanted. Mel just shook her head at Michael,

 

"You'll be lucky if he doesn't press charges against you for assault and battery, Michael. He was asleep in Brian's bed, not picking the lock on the door! Why the fuck would a burglar be sleeping in the bed?" Mel asked, although not surprised that Michael didn't seem to think he had done anything wrong.

 

"Well, it's too late for me to go over there tonight. I'll go in the morning and get the right story. Brian should know better than to get back with Justin. And as for letting Justin top him, there is no way that would ever happen. Brian wouldn't risk his reputation for some kid, because you know he would just be crowing about it to anyone who would listen," Lindsay announced, hoping that she was right.

 

"Lindsay, I have a meeting in the morning so I can't watch Gus. Are you planning on confronting Brian with Gus there?" Mel asked. She and Brian had come to a truce and were trying to get along for everyone's sake. None of them wanted Gus to grow up having to witness his parents bickering all the time. 

 

She really wanted to tell Lindsay to stay the fuck out of Brian and Justin's business, and that she and Michael had no right to demand that Brian tell them anything about his life. But she knew that whatever she said would fall on deaf ears. When it concerned Brian, Lindsay and Michael considered EVERYTHING the man did, said, or thought, to be THEIR business. Actually, she hoped that Brian and Justin were back together. Even with their faults, they always seemed happier together than apart. 

 

She left Lindsay and Michael to discuss their percieved ‘ownership' of Brian and went upstairs to get ready for bed. Once she got into bed she texted Brian,

 

Guess who was just here? You should probably expect a visitor tomorrow. SMH. 

PS. Congratulations! Tell Blondie I said Hi.

 

********************************************************************

 

Brian and Justin had just finished another round in the shower and were holding each other and ready to fall asleep when Mel's text came in. After looking at it and showing it to Justin, he texted back,

 

Thanks for the warning. And Justin says Hi back.

 

"Well, let's get some sleep. God knows how Mikey embellished the story, but whatever. I'm happy and you're happy. That's all that really matters. Hey, maybe we can pretend we're not home," Brian joked.

 

"Like that would ever work. Those two are like bloodhounds when it comes to finding you," Justin answered. 

 

After sharing a sleepy kiss the happy couple fell into a deep contented sleep, wrapped in each others arms.

 

Brian woke to someone pounding loudly on the door. Glancing at the clock he noticed that it was barely six AM. As Brian threw off the covers Justin wiggled and pulled the pillow over his head, groaning that it was still dark. Brian pulled on his sweatpants and stomped to the door, yelling 

 

"Hold the fuck on, I'm coming! This better be fucking important,"

 

Pulling back the door he saw Lindsay, pinch-faced and tapping her foot.

 

"Do you know what the fuck time it is, Lindsay?" Brian asked, pissed that he was woken up so early.

 

"Yes. I'm quite aware of the time, Brian, and I want some answers," Lindsay demanded, pushing him aside and walking into the loft, uninvited.

 

Justin heard Lindsay's voice and decided that as much as he would love to sleep, his place was beside Brian, where he and only he belonged. Pulling on his sweatpants he walked down and pushed the button on the coffee pot before standing next to Brian and joining their hands.

 

"Just what is it that you think you deserve an answer to, Lindsay?" Justin asked, in the most WASPy tone he could manage at that hour.

 

"I came to speak to Brian. This doesn't concern you," she answered haughtily. 

 

"Well, Lindsay, since we BOTH live here, and you woke BOTH of us up, you can answer BOTH of us," Brian growled, not liking her attitude at all.

 

"Fine. I want to know what the fuck is going on. Michael came over last night all upset because of you two. Why did you say all those things just to hurt him?" She demanded.

 

Brian could feel Justin vibrating with anger next to him so he kissed his temple and said, "Go for it, my Love," causing Lindsay to make a face like she had just stuck her head into a rotting sewer line.

 

Nodding in acknowledgment Justin started, "Lindsay, Michael broke into OUR loft, assaulted me while I was asleep, and then blamed us for it. All we did was tell him the truth about the situation. If he didn't like what he heard that is his problem, not ours. The same goes for you. Brian and I are together, which is not up for discussion with either of you. It is our decision. Neither of us has any desire to tell you and Michael how to live your lives and we expect the same courtesy from you," 

 

"Brian, Michael said that you let Justin T-O-P you," Lindsay whispered to Brian.

 

"Lindsay, Justin is standing right here and he may be young but I'm sure he knows that word you just spelled. And, not that it is any of your fucking business, but yes I did let Justin T-O-P me. Actually, I insisted that he do it. If you must know, and again, not because it's any of your business, I had never bottomed before and since Liberty's biggest tops all want to be topped by Justin, I wanted to know why. That, and there is no one in the world I trust more than this man; my best friend, my partner, and the man that I love," Brian answered, leaning down to give Justin a tongue-filled kiss before turning back to the scowling bitch. "So, is there anything else about our lives that you think we need to discuss with you? Because we would like to go back to bed and start our day as we usually do, making love to each other. So, if you would be so kind as to excuse us..." Brian said, taking Lindsay's arm and leading her to the door.

 

"But Brian, how do you know you can trust him? He may just decide to go tell everyone that you let him top you. He will ruin your reputation," Lindsay tried to tell him as she pulled her arm out of his grasp. 

 

"Well, since we will be getting married and I intend to keep my vows, I really don't think my reputation is going to matter much anymore," Brian announced, glancing at Justin who was trying not to look shocked, even with the tears that he was trying to hold back.

 

"You can't mean that Brian, it's not fair, he has no right to be with you. If you do this I promise you that you will never see Gus again," shouted Lindsay as she pulled away from Brian and headed for Justin. "You little thief..." she shouted with her hand poised to slap Justin just before Brian grabbed her hand with one hand and reached around her waist and picked her up with the other, depositing her, still shouting, outside the loft door before pulling it closed and setting the locks. As she continued to bang and shout Brian looked shocked and very upset. He couldn't believe that the woman he had considered a friend since they were in college, the woman he shared a child with, had turned into this nasty, threatening bitch.

 

Justin took Brian's hand and led him up the stairs and into the bathroom, "Let's take a shower and relax," he told the older man as he started the water before stripping them both. Justin started by washing Brian's hair, and then slowly and sensually washing his body, massaging the tense muscles as he went. Justin then washed quickly and after drying both of them off led Brian back to bed. Brian had not said one word since he had grabbed Lindsay and put her out. As soon as Justin laid down Brian turned and put his head on the blond's chest and wrapped his arm around him. Just then Justin's phone rang. He picked it up to see that Mel was calling and put it on speaker,

 

"Hey, Mel,"

 

"Hey, Sweetie. Are you two okay? Lindsay came home in a rage, screaming about you both,"

 

Justin quickly told Mel what had happened earlier. As he did he felt Brian shaking and felt the tears on his chest.

 

"Okay then. I told Lindsay that I was going to take Gus to Dusty's so that she has time to calm down, but I think, if it's okay with the two of you, I'd rather bring him to his daddies for the day. What do you say?" Mel asked as Justin started crying at being included as one of Gus's parents.

 

Brian sat up and grabbed the phone, "Thank you, Mel, his daddies would love to have him. You're a great mom,"

 

"Okay, see you soon, and please be dressed," She commented, laughing as she hung up the phone.

 

Brian got up and started getting dressed. Looking back at the bed he noticed that Justin was still sitting there crying.

 

"Hey, our son's mom requested that we are dressed when she drops him off, so get out of bed,"

 

"She called me one of his dads," answered Justin, still crying but with his sunshine smile beaming.

 

Grabbing his lover, Brian whispered in his ear, "You always have been," pulling back he kissed Justin's nose as he continued, "Now get dressed, Daddy,"

 

Hearing the buzzer, Justin grabbed his sweatpants and pulled them on as Brian answered the door. As Mel stepped off the elevator, Brian took the diaper bag and Gus, who was carrying his Leather Bear.

 

"Thanks, Mel. After what she said I didn't know what was going to happen. She was..." Brian started as Justin came down from the bedroom to join them. He took Gus to the table and sat him in his high chair so he could get him something to eat, and to give Brian and Mel a chance to talk. They kept their voices down but Justin could still hear what was being said.

 

"She's out of her fucking mind if she thinks she is going to keep Gus from his fathers. You pay more support for him then any court would ever request, without any stipulations. She and Michael need to get it through their heads that you do not belong to or with either one of them. You are with the man who completes you. I don't understand how either of them thinks that they could be to you what Justin is and always has been. Now, I need to get to a meeting with a client, then I'm going to have a serious talk with Lindsay. Either she lets go of this obsession with you or we are going to have a big problem, and believe me I know now that you are doing nothing to encourage her in her stupid fantasies. This shit is all in her head. Hers, and that other idiot's. Would you two mind keeping Gus overnight? I really don't want him around for the fireworks that are bound to happen,"

 

Looking at Justin, who nodded, Brian answered, "We'd love to keep him, thanks,"

 

Mel walked over to Justin, hugged him and kissed his cheek, then patted Brian on his shoulder as she said, "Gus, you be good for both your daddies," 

 

"'Kay, Mama," he answered as he continued to eat. 

 

Brian walked Mel out to the elevator when he came back in Justin was standing there crying his eyes out and Gus was looking very confused. "What happened Gus?"

 

"I said ‘Daddy, can we go park?' then he cried," Gus answered, not understanding why Justin was crying.

 

"I think it's because you called him ‘Daddy'," Brian explained.

 

"Mama said he's my Daddy," Gus answered.

 

"He is, Sonny Boy, those are happy tears, Justin isn't used to being called ‘Daddy' yet," Brian explained as Justin nodded his head. 

 

Once Justin had calmed down he hugged Gus and told him that they would go to a special park so they could feed the ducks. Justin knew that if Lindsay found out that Mel had left Gus with them she would come looking for them, probably with Michael in tow. The park with the ducks was farther away and not somewhere she would think to look for them. The men went into the living room to discuss the situation, keeping an eye on Gus while he finished eating. They decided that because of Lindsay and Michael's unpredictable interference they would tell Gus that they were going to have an adventure day. They would go to the duck park and the children's museum and then they would spend the night in a hotel. In the morning they would go to the diner for breakfast and then figure out what they would do next. 

 

Brian had packed a bag for himself and Justin and texted Mel to let her know their plans. Once Gus had finished eating they told him about the plans, leaving out that it was being done to stay away from his mother and Michael. Justin grabbed some frozen vegetables and multi-grain crackers to feed the ducks before they set off for their day of fun. Brian and Justin both took pictures so that Justin could turn the best ones into paintings later. They had checked into the hotel on the way to the park in case Gus needed a nap before they went to the museum, which he did. As he napped his daddies made use of the oversized shower to catch up on their missed morning adult activities. When they came out of the bathroom Gus was still sleeping with his arm around Leather Bear and a smile on his face. Later they enjoyed the children's museum, with several people offering to take pictures of the three of them. One woman even commented that Gus looked like both of his fathers, causing Justin to tear up again. Gus told the woman that his daddy gets ‘happy tears' a lot, causing her to smile and let out a chuckle at him.

 

After dinner at a nice Italian restaurant and watching a movie in the hotel room Gus finally went to sleep. Sitting on the sofa and relaxing, Brian finally brought up the subject that had been on both men's minds all day. Speaking very quickly he started,

 

"Justin. I know that this is not the ideal setting for this but I meant what I said to Lindsay this morning. Now if you think it's too soon, or you're not ready, or whatever, I will understand, but I love you and I know that you are it for me. I'm not going to get mad if you say no..."

 

Putting his finger on Brian's lips to stop him from babbling Justin told him, "Brian, relax. I love you, and yes, I do want to marry you, but only if it's what you really want. I'm perfectly happy if you just want to keep things the way they are, but if you really want a husband, that would make me the happiest man in the world. I love you, Brian."  

 

Wrapping his arms around the younger man Brian answered, "Sunshine, I think it's a competition for which one of us is the happiest. And, as much as I love our son, right now I wish he was with his mothers."

 

"I think you should call Cynthia and tell her that you are taking tomorrow off. That way, after we deliver our son back to Mel, we can go home and celebrate. For now, a quiet quickie in the bathroom will have to suffice," Justin said, kissing Brian while leading him to the bathroom after a quick text to Cynthia.

 

Thirty minutes later the tired and temporarily satisfied men slipped into bed on either side of their little boy, both falling asleep quickly. 

 

The next morning Brian texted Mel, telling her they would meet her at the diner so she could pick up Gus. Mel answered that she would be there. 

 

She was glad that Brian and Justin had taken Gus the day before. Once Lindsay had found out that Mel had taken him there instead of to Dusty's she spent the day trying to find them. She and Mel had a screaming fight when Mel came home from her meetings. Lindsay had told Mel that she had no right to take Gus to Brian while he was with 'that whore' and that as Gus's mother she was the only one who had the right to say who could be with him. She also said that if Brian did marry that ‘blond bastard' she would sue him for more support and he would never see her son again. Mel had tried to explain that since Brian had signed away his rights to Gus he was actually under no obligation to pay even one penny for his support. Lindsay's answer to that was "we will just see about that". Lindsay had stomped out of the house after that and Mel had not seen her since, although she supposed she had gone to Michael to bitch to him about it.  

 

Mel got to the diner in time to see Justin and Brian through the window just as she noticed Lindsay and Michael head toward the diner's front door. She went in the back way since it would be quicker to get to her son. Getting to their table just as Lindsay and Michael walked in the front door, Mel grabbed Gus, telling him they were going to run and play a trick on mommy. Glancing at the front door Brian and Justin handed him over quickly and stood to block the view of what was happening and to confront the other two while Mel slipped out the back with Gus. None of them wanted Gus around for what could be a nasty exchange.

 

As soon as she saw Brian and Justin, Lindsay started yelling,

 

"Where the fuck is MY son? I told you that if you want to be with this... this... blond boy ass, then you will not be allowed to see my son," she spit out at Brian.

 

"As you should be able to plainly see, Lindsay, I don't have him," Brian answered smugly.

 

Looking around the diner Michael saw that most of the regular gossip queens were there eating, so he decided to use what he had been told to hurt the man he had always proclaimed was his ‘best friend'. 

 

"Hey Lindsay, did Brian tell you that he lets Justin TOP him? Yeah, Mister ‘I don't bend over for anyone Kinney' lets this blond boy ass whore fuck him." Michael shouted in his nastiest voice, just as Ted and Emmett walked in.

 

Brian didn't know what to expect, but as Justin quickly reached for his hand, Rusty, the toughest top from Meathook, stood up and started clapping, and was soon joined by everyone else. He walked over to Brian and said,

 

"Now you know why we let him top. You're a great teacher, Kinney, he learned from the best. I just wish he did repeats," 

 

Brian smiled and shook Rusty's hand, "Thanks," he said, then he looked at Justin, who nodded, "But if you didn't already get him, it's too late, we're off the market. Sunshine here agreed to marry me,"  

 

Cheers and congratulations went up from the crowd, along with a few groans, probably from those who hadn't had the pleasure of bottoming for either or both of everyone's favorite tops. Emmett and Ted hugged Justin and then looked at Brian, who at first just stood there, and then he opened his arms and hugged them too. 

 

Suddenly, an earsplitting screech was heard- Lindsay and Michael both screamed "NOOOO" at the same time. Deb, who had been washing her hands after taking out the trash had overheard the cheers and then the screaming. She walked out of the bathroom and went over to Michael and Lindsay and grabbed each by an ear,

 

"I thought I was done taking out the trash, but I guess not," she announced as she pushed both of them out the open front door which was being held by Rusty. "Now, I heard the cheers and congratulations, so what is going on?" She asked.

 

"Well, Ma, our little Sunshine here has agreed to marry me," Brian said with a huge grin on his face.

 

With tears streaming down her face she hugged the happy couple, "I'm so happy for you boys. Now, don't you worry about those two," she commented pointing to the door, "all the people that matter are thrilled for you."

 

*************************************************

 

EPILOGUE - Three months later -

 

Lindsay had found a lawyer and tried to sue Brian for child support and an order that he never try to see their son again. The judge took one look at all the evidence and receipts of money Brian had paid since Gus's birth and asked Lindsay if she was serious about what she expected from her son's father, who had paid even after giving up his rights. When she assured him that she was, he told her in no uncertain terms that there was no way he or any other judge in the world would ever agree to her demands. He granted Brian and Justin shared custody, along with Mel, who had divorced Lindsay after coming home and finding her in bed with her lawyer. 

 

Michael, who had tried everything he could to stop Brian and Justin from getting married, including hiring hustlers to say they had been with one or the other of the men since they got back together, was ostracized everywhere on the Avenue. He finally sold his store for what he could get and moved to Palm Springs, telling Brian he would wait for him and be there when the ‘blond boy ass' finally went away. Deb didn't even try to stop him, finally realizing that sometimes you just have to let them go, no matter how much you love them.

 

Brian and Justin got married at Babylon. It was the only place big enough to hold everyone who had requested to be there to see the wedding of the Stud of Liberty Avenue to the King of Babylon. Ted and Cynthia stood up for Brian, and Daphne and Emmett stood up for Justin. Deb and Jennifer walked their sons down the aisle, and Gus was the ring bearer for his fathers. After the reception, the couple spent two weeks in Hawaii for their honeymoon. They are happily equal partners now, both in business and at home.

 

THE END

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1587