A Father's Hate! by Simply written
Summary:


This was a plot bunny that was posted several months ago by Tatiana Rita Rampin.  I am sure it wasn’t exactly what she had in mind but it is what my imagination created after thinking about it.

 

This story is an alternative storyline for what happened after Chris Hobbs bashed Justin during prom at the end of Season 1 and what happens when Craig Taylor gets involved.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Chris Hobbs, Craig Taylor, Daphne Chanders, Jennifer Taylor, Justin Taylor, Molly Taylor, Original Character
Tags: 10k+ Word Count
Genres: Alternate Canon, Angst w/ Happy Ending
Pairings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Family Issues Series
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 106133 Read: 50975 Published: Jul 27, 2020 Updated: Sep 18, 2020

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

5. Chapter 5 by Simply written

6. Chapter 6 by Simply written

7. Chapter 7 by Simply written

8. Chapter 8 by Simply written

9. Chapter 9 by Simply written

10. Chapter 10 by Simply written

11. Chapter 11 by Simply written

12. Chapter 12 by Simply written

13. Chapter 13 by Simply written

14. Chapter 14 by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written




Prologue

After Brian surprised Justin at prom, they had the most romantic night of their lives. As Justin walked Brian out to his Jeep, they kissed once more and Justin moved back toward the dance. As Brian looked in the rearview mirror he saw Chris Hobbs raising the baseball bat to Justin’s head and by the time Brian arrived at his side, Chris had landed several blows.  Brian injured Chris before calling 911.  The police and ambulance arrived.  Chris was arrested and taken away as Brian got into the ambulance with Justin and he was rushed to the hospital.


Chapter 1

God, what the hell just happened? Brian sat in shock where he had been directed by a nurse.  He still had Justin’s blood on his hands and the silk scarf he was wearing. When he closed his eyes he kept seeing Justin getting hit over and over.  When he heard some noise down the hall he looked up and saw Craig Taylor at the nurse’s station.

“My son, Justin Taylor, was brought in.  How is he? What happened?” he blurted out to the nurse on duty.

“Sir, the doctor asked me to get him as soon as you arrived.  I will be right back with the doctor. Your son’s friend might be able to tell you what happened,” the nurse pointed toward Brian.

“Kinney, I should have known you did this!” Craig came charging down the hall toward him.  “What the hell did you do to him?”

Brian stood up, “Mr. Taylor, I’m sorry.  I was with him at prom but I….I should have been able to stop him!”

“Mr. Taylor,” a doctor called out to Craig.

“I’ll deal with you later!” Craig turned and followed the doctor into a private waiting room leaving Brian alone in his pain.

Brian sank back onto the bench.  He wasn’t sure how long he sat there before he felt a pair of arms come around him.  Brian’s eyes met Michael’s and without a word he clung to him. Michael had always been there and he needed him more tonight than ever before.  Eventually, Brian began to start talking, “Mikey, it was horrible.  I could see the kid swinging the bat but I couldn’t stop it.  The sound...I’ll never forget the sound. It echoed through the parking garage.  I don’t know how he could survive that.”

“Is Jennifer here? Is someone with him?”

“His dad is.  He was about to threaten me when a doctor called him back and….. I can’t fault him.  His son is lying in a …..”

“Brian, he’s in good hands,” Michael kissed him.  “It is amazing what they can do these days.  And Justin is a tough kid.”

“But he is back there with that man who…. Craig has been nothing but spiteful to Sunshine and now…..I want to see him.”

“Well, that will never happen again!” Neither Michael or Brian heard Craig walk up. “My son is dead, Kinney, and the only reason I’m not having you charged with statutory rape is because I’ve been told you stopped his murderer. Get out of here, Kinney, and don’t let me ever see your face again.”

As Craig Taylor walked away, Michael watched Brian’s soul shatter.


Craig walked back into the back corner of the emergency room where several doctors and nurses still work on Justin. “Mr. Taylor, we will be moving him to his private room now. Your son is stable for the moment.”  The doctor led him to a private end of the room.

“Does his brain still work?” Craig snapped.

“There is brain activity, yes.  We will put him into an medically induced coma for a time and when we think he is ready, we will slowly take him out.  It is not unusual for someone with an injury like this to have seizures which is why I want the brain to heal for a while.”

“Doctor, my son thinking he is gay.  My son isn’t gay.  He was brainwashed by this older man.  Will he still think he is gay?”

“Mr. Taylor, if your son is gay, that isn’t going to change because of a head injury.  In the very unlikely situation that he was brainwashed, I suppose he could come out of it but, Mr. Taylor, I can’t imagine someone being brainwashed like that.  Are you sure your son isn’t gay?”

“That perverted 30 year old fell for my handsome, intelligent, 17 year old son and lured him in. The thing is he convinced my soon to be ex-wife and daughter that this is who he really is.  Doctor, I told you what I am willing to pay you to just keep your mouth shut.  Sign the death certificate and move to South America.  Forget you ever heard our name.  Give me 15 minutes and I will tell you the name he will be using.” 

Craig had contacted an employee to search for teenage deaths happening that day.  If the name was similar it was a bonus so when he received the name Jason Taylor Smith that was the name he had the doctor use to check his son into the hospital.  By the time Justin woke he would have a new social security card for Jason Taylor Smith and his son would have a new identity.  Justin Taylor his gay son would be gone forever and he would mold him again to be the man he always should have been.


By the time Michael had driven Brian home, Ted and Emmett were at Brian’s loft.  The four men lay in Brian’s bed.  Brian didn’t speak but the other three men spoke softly about Justin.  They all loved him.  How could you not? Eventually, all four of them fell asleep.  

Brian woke up around 8:00 a.m. and got out of bed, not disturbing the others.  He stood by one of the windows looking down on the street.  For a moment when he heard footsteps he expected to feel Justin’s arms wrap around his waist and his lips kiss the back of his neck but then he felt a hand on his shoulder.  He turned and found Ted standing there.

“Brian, your phone was buzzing.  It’s Jennifer.” 

“God, Theodore, what am I going to say to her?” he clung to Ted’s forearm. “I watched her son get beaten to death.  I held his hand in the ambulance.”

“Brian, Jenn knows you cared about him.  She accepted that he loved you,” Ted tentatively put his arms around Brian and Brian held onto him tightly for several long minutes. 

Finally, Brian took a deep breath, and stepped back.  “I’m going to call her.  Do you think you can clear them out? I appreciate the three of you but I need….”

“I’ll take care of it, Brian.” Ted hesitated but then kissed Brian’s cheek.  “Call me if you need anything.”

“Thanks,” Brian turned and walked over to his desk.  He turned his back to the rest of the apartment and called Jennifer.  

“Oh, Brian,” Jennifer’s usually confident voice was shattered. “What happened? I didn’t get to see him! Craig has already had him cremated.  Brian I didn’t get to see him.  My baby is dead and I didn’t get to see him.”  As Brian listened to her he heard his friends leave.

“Jennifer, may I come over.  I understand if you don’t….”

“Yes, Brian.  You are always welcome here.  You always will be welcome here. Please come be with Molly and me.”


Twenty minutes later, Brian stood at Jennifer’s door with two bouquets of flowers. Tears were running down his cheeks when the door opened, Jenn took him in her arms.  “Oh, Brian, I know it’s hard to imagine he’s gone.”

Brian gave flowers to both Jenn and Molly and then blurted out, “Why didn’t I ever buy him flowers.  He would have loved just one flower but I was too stubborn.  I couldn’t tell him I love him.”  

Molly timidly stepped toward him and put her arms around his waist, “Brian, it doesn’t matter now.  He can see you love him now.”

“Oh, Molly, thank you,” he hugged her tightly and then with one arm reached for Jennifer, too.

Brian spent the remainder of the morning playing games with Molly while Jenn spent time on the phone and visiting with friends that stopped by.  Just before noon, a friend of Molly’s picked her up so she could spend the afternoon with her friend leaving Jennifer and Brian alone. 

Jenn opened a bottle of wine and poured them each a glass and then she wrapped her arms around Brian and they both cried. Eventually, they sat together on the sofa and Brian told her the details as gently as he could.  “When we got to the hospital, I couldn’t go with him and before I knew it Craig was there talking about statutory rape and then he just said he was dead and I would never see him again. I can’t believe he didn’t let you see…..” Brian went silent.  “I keep thinking about his hair.  I’ll never get to touch his hair again. I’ll never get to feel his lips,” he drifted off, “I’m sorry, Jennifer.  He was your son.  I can’t imagine….”

“Craig is so spiteful.  Nothing he did would surprise me.  He probably thinks now he no longer has to be ashamed of his gay son.”

“Jenn, is there a memorial?”

“No.  There isn’t a body.  We weren’t very religious.”

“Well, I got a text from Lindsay.  They hope to have a gathering for Sunshine tomorrow.  They want you and Molly there, if you want to come.”

“Oh, yes, Brian.  We would love that.”

“Well, if you don’t mind, I’m going back to my place.  If you need anything, call or text,” Brian hugged Jenn, not wanting to let go and feel the loneliness.

“Oh, Brian, thank you for coming.  We will see you tomorrow and if you need me, I’m here.”


At 7:00 pm the next evening the Gay and Lesbian Center was ablaze with posters of Justin in every window. Lindsay and Emmett had organized the event and Debbie organized refreshments.  Several people spoke about Justin’s generosity and kindness. Several of his high school classmates were there.   Daphne stayed close to Brian, Jenn, and Molly but a couple of the others that attended condemned Chris Hobbs.  His wealthy family had tried to get him off but he had gone before a judge that afternoon and would be held without bail until trial.  

As the crowd thinned out Emmett draped an arm around Brian, “I think we should go to Woody’s and have a drink in honor of Sunshine. He would want us to do that.”

“I don’t really feel….” Brian said softly.

“Come on, Brian, just one drink.  Justin fought so hard for that fake ID.”

Michael came up beside him, “Come on, Em’s right.  We need to go buy him a drink.”

The four men walked the couple blocks and were joined by Mel and Lindsay.  Brian had his first drink but then just nursed the second one along.  Ted saw the look in Brian’s eyes and soon took his arm, “I’ll take you home, Brian.”

“Brian doesn’t want to go home yet,” Michael said.

“Actually, I do, Mikey.  The rest of you honor Sunshine.  I promised Jenn I would go to her place in the morning and help her with some of his stuff.” Brian kissed Michael and turned toward Ted, “I’m ready, Ted.”  

Ted looped his arm in Brian’s and they walked out together.  “Thanks, Ted.  I needed to get out of there.  I just …..” Brian got into Ted’s car but didn’t say another word.  

As Ted pulled into a parking spot in front of the loft, Ted got out and walked Brian into the building and up in the lift.  Once in the loft, Ted didn’t try to get him to talk.  He just helped Brian undress and got him into bed.

“Call me if you need me.”

As Ted began to step away, Brian grabbed his hand. “What am I going to do without him, Ted?”

“You’ll go on because you want him to get justice and because he would want you to live.”

“Stay until I fall asleep?” Brian’s eyes pleaded with him.

“Sure, Brian.” Ted lay behind him and draped an arm around Brian’s waist.  Ten minutes later Ted slipped out of the loft, leaving Brian sleeping as tears still came from his eyes.  


Over the next couple months Brian tried to go out with his friends but he didn’t find any joy in it anymore.  The only place he wanted to remember Justin was when he was with Molly and Jennifer.  He ended up spending time with them weekly and it seemed to be helping all of them deal without Justin in their lives.  Molly began to text Brian jokes almost nightly and she was the first one to greet him when he visited. 

After everything that had happened connected to Justin’s death, Molly and Jenn agreed that contact with her father, right now anyway, was not in her best interest and to their surprise, Craig didn’t fight it.  Molly just leaned on Brian a little more and he didn’t mind.  It gave him a purpose.

When the trial against Chris Hobbs was about to begin, a plea deal was made and Chris Hobbs was sentenced to 25 years to life.  Brian disagreed strongly with the sentence, speaking in the courtroom, promising to be at every parole hearing in the future as the sound of the bat hitting Justin’s head still woke him most nights. He promised Jenn and Molly he would do his best to keep Hobbs locked up until he was a very old man.


With no interest in Woody’s or Babylon, Brian had a lot more time to focus on work.  He still would have lunch or dinner with his friends but then he had started a business plan.   Soon, he had talked to a bank and purchased a building.  His personal assistant agreed to come with him and Kinnetik was born.  Over the next few months it grew far quicker than Brian could imagine.  He asked Ted if he would like to be his COO and he jumped at the opportunity.  With the help of Ted and Cynthia by the anniversary of Justin’s death, Kinnetik won the award for being the hottest new advertising company in Pittsburgh.  Jenn and Molly were at his side to help him celebrate.


Craig glared at the photo in the newspaper.  Brian Kinney was making a killing.  The smug bastard stood there with his family.  Well, he had lost Jenn earlier and he had decided once he had his son back, he would work on his daughter.  The long term care facility where Justin was living had him listed as Craig’s nephew.  He hadn’t been there to visit for a while but Justin, or he should say Jason, had not come out of the coma yet.  But the staff let him know, Jason was responding to pain stimulus and it appeared he was waking up.  They suggested he come and talk to his nephew, hoping a familiar voice would help his mind surface.

Craig walked into Justin’s room and saw his beautiful son lying in the bed. He was pale but had his son’s skin always been so pristine?  He realized he hadn’t looked closely at him since he was a little boy. Well, he was going to focus on him now.  He would now mold his son into the man he was meant to be. Hopefully he would recover quickly once he came out of it and they could have a father/son relationship again.

Craig started stopping by each day after work and soon it was obvious Justin reacted to his dad’s voice and the first evening Justin’s eye fluttered open, although he couldn’t say anything yet.  One of the nurses had been assigned to ‘Jason’ and as he slowly woke up Craig decided he needed to bring someone in as a partner and the young, pretty nurse, who seemed to be showing some interest in him.  

One evening fourteen months after the bashing, Craig and Dani, the young nurse he was now spending most evenings with,  sat next to Justin’s bed and as they talked about their upcoming weekend plans when Craig felt fingers fluttering over his hand and then a significant squeeze. Craig looked down to see Justin’s blue eyes looking back at him, his mouth trying to form the word, dad.

“Oh, Craig, he’s awake!” Dani said excitedly. 

“Yes, and we need to be careful if anyone else is around, to call him Jason, not Justin.” Craig squeezed Justin’s hand, “Son, it is so good to see you awake. Please, understand we are calling you Jason for a good reason.  I’ll explain it later.  Just remember you are Jason.”

Justin looked very bewildered and then his lips tried to say ‘mom’ but Craig ignored that for now. “You go to sleep, son.  In the morning the doctor will look at you and we will figure out what is next.” Craig stood and awkwardly kissed Justin’s forehead.  He guided Dani a few steps away, “So how long do you think it will be before he can get out of here?”

“Oh, Craig, I can’t begin to guess that.  He was in a coma for over a year.  Just getting his muscles working again could take  weeks, even months. And the fact that the rest of his family has left him, except you, might take his mind a little bit of time to accept everything, not to mention he will probably need to learn most things over.

Craig pulled Dani into his arms, “That is what I am hoping, that is what I’m hoping!” He kissed her and left for the night.

Craig’s patience with Justin wore thin quickly.  His progress was slow.  No matter how hard he tried to form words nothing would come out. In the evenings, when Craig should have been there, Dani worked with him.  She was kind and patient with him, even when he got frustrated.  She would help him use his hand that wouldn’t respond.  Other times they worked on his speech. One night Justin had been trying to form a couple words for hours and finally, with tears running down his cheeks he dropped his head down onto his useless hand.

Dani wrapped her arms around him and although she usually called him Jason, softly she said, “Justin, sweetheart, would you like to try writing it?”

Justin lifted his head and nodded.  He did his best to hold the marker in his left hand as  Dani held up a white board. As he started the first word Dani caught on quickly.

“Are you asking about your mom?”

Justin’s eyes locked on hers and he nodded his head several times. 

“I’m sorry, but your mom had a hard time dealing with your coma.  Your dad said she tried but it was just too hard to see you like this.”

Justin’s eyes again filled with tears but then he put the pen back on the board.  This time Dani had to look carefully.  She was fairly sure what he was writing but she hadn’t heard Craig mention anyone with that name.  “Is that Brian?” Justin reached over and squeezed Dani’s hand.  “I don’t know any Brian. I will ask your dad when I…”

Justin squeezed her arm hard enough to make her pull away, “Ouch, that hurt!”  Dani looked at his face.  “You don’t want me to ask your dad?” Justin shook his head furiously.  “Ok, Justin, I won’t mention it to him.  Is Brian your best friend?”

Once more Justin put his pen to the white board and wrote, “Boyfriend.”

As soon as Dani was done with work she went over to Craig’s house.  “Was I expecting you tonight?”  he asked as he opened the door.

“No, but we need to talk,” Dani said as she pushed past him.  “What else are you hiding about your son? Did your ex really tell you she couldn’t deal with his accident?”

“Why, would I lie to you? Jenn was never a strong woman.”

“Then who’s Brian, Craig? Why haven’t you mentioned him?”

“None of your business. I have work to do. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

Early the next morning Craig was on the phone. Justin had to be moved.  He was getting too close to Dani.  He couldn’t see her anymore.  By noon, Justin had been moved to a very small town more than 30 minutes away.  Craig hired a one on one therapist to work with Justin and that was the only person that was to spend a significant amount of time with him.  As soon as he could schedule it, Craig was planning to take a full month off of work so he could spend all his time getting his son straightened out.  This whole project was taking longer than he thought it would but if he got his son ‘fixed’ it would all be worth it.

Justin was confused.  Where were they moving him? Where was Dani and his dad? He didn’t want to move!  He wanted his mom.  He wanted Brian.  Could they really have given up on him? Maybe Brian  but his mom would never…. As he was pushed into the wheelchair van, Justin’s shoulders sank. He  just wanted to die if this was what his life was going to be like. 

When Dani arrived at work that afternoon, she walked directly to ‘Jason’s’ room only to find it empty.  She rushed to the desk, “Where is Jason Smith?  His room is empty.”

The head nurse looked at her, “He was moved today, with no forwarding information.”

“But, I was just making progress with him.  Where would Craig take him?”

“Dani, it is obvious you have a relationship with his dad.  You’re going to have to talk to him,” the head nurse said.

“I don’t like this.  There are things…..”

“Dani, don’t ask too many questions.  Mr. Taylor paid us good money to take care of his nephew.   It is none of our business what he does as long as we did our job while he was here.”

Dani tried to contact Craig the remainder of the day and finally she got a message that her number had been blocked. Poor Justin.  Who would watch out for him now?


“Brian, where were you last Sunday? I missed you.” Molly hugged Brian as he walked into Jenn and Molly’s house.

“Hi, Mollusk,” Brian messed up her hair.  He had started calling her by Justin’s nickname for her and though she always pulled a face at him, he knew she liked it.  “How was Girl Scouts this week?”

“It was good.  We are working on a new badge.  For the next 6 months we get to try 6 different jobs. We get to spend time at an apprentice type jobs, at a school, at a hospital, and some local businesses….”

“Are you going to come work for me?”

“You would let me do that, Brian?”

“I would love to have you work.  Free labor!” he kissed the top of her head.  “Just let me know when.”

“Thanks, Brian.  I love you.”

Brian’s heart melted, “I love you, too, Molly.”

Brian spent the day with Jennifer and Molly.  After dinner, Molly went to finish some homework and Brian and Jenn sat down with a glass of wine.  “I’ve been dreaming about him again.” Brian said as he took a sip of the wine she gave him.

“Brian, I know you loved my son but don’t you think it is time you move on?” Jenn squeezed his hand.

“Jenn, you are going to think I’m crazy but I hear him calling my name at night.  It’s like he is still….  I feel like he is still here.”

“Brian, maybe you need to talk to someone. You went through a lot of trauma that night, too.” Jenn touched his cheek. “I lost my son.  I don’t want to lose another family member.  Please, take care of yourself.”

“Ok, I will.  I just miss him so much.”  Brian put his arms around Jenn and she held him tight.  

“Brian, talk to someone and then, make Justin happy and find someone who will love you like he did.”

“I’ll talk to someone but I may never be ready to move on.”  Brian said goodbye to Molly and kissed Jenn before going to the loft and working until well after midnight.  He fell asleep at his desk and woke to what he was sure was Justin, calling his name.

“Brian, please come see me.  I need you.” Brian sat up straight at his desk, Justin’s voice still echoing in his head.  Brian picked up his phone and put a reminder in it. ‘Find therapist’.  He then walked to the sofa and laid down.  He rarely slept in his bed anymore.  It just reminded him too much of Sunshine.


As Justin settled into his new  living facility, Brian started seeing a therapist.  Justin worked harder than ever before.  He still was having difficulty speaking but he was able to walk again with a significant limp and although he was still struggling to use his right hand, he was doing much better writing with his left.    However, he had gotten smarter.  He never mentioned Brian again.  He just focused on getting better and the day would come when he tracked Brian down himself.   And then came a day when Craig arrived and told Justin he was going to move into a place of his own.  

Craig had found a studio apartment above a storefront. It took some effort for Justin to take the steps but he didn’t mind the hard work.  What he didn’t like was the fact that Craig was going to be around for the next four weeks.  Maybe his father was trying to do something good but Justin couldn’t totally trust him. He had a feeling in the next two weeks he would find out what his dad really was up to.  He wondered what had happened to Dani.  He had a feeling his mentioning Brian is what started  all this moving. If he could only talk to him …. He knew Brian had never loved him but he had thought he cared.

Justin wasn’t prepared for what was to come the next four weeks. By the time Craig went back to work, Justin wondered if he wanted to live.  Craig assured him no man would ever want a partner who couldn’t speak for himself. He could only imagine how useless he would be making love but he was sure, with his looks, he could find a nice girl who would love him and they could even have a family together.  Everyday it was the same thing, “Son, I’m the only one that stayed.  Your mother just couldn’t see you like that.  She asked me to take care of you. Kinney could barely wait to leave the hospital once the ambulance dropped off Justin.”

More than twelve hours of that a day was more than Justin could deal with.  He finally went to shut down mode. He now realized he would be alone the rest of his life.  He knew as soon as he was able he would break ties with his father and he would go start a new life somewhere.  All he knew now was he couldn’t stay with his father but at the moment he had no options but to work hard and get better.

When Craig left to go back to his normal schedule he told Justin he would be back in two weeks to take him to a checkup at his neurologist. He could call if he needed anything in between then and now.


“Brian, guess what?  I’m going to be working at the hospital for the next four weeks.”

“Wow!  You’re finished with 6th Grade and skipping right to work, huh?”

“Ok Brian, I’m going there after school from 3:00 to 5:00 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I will pass out snacks and stuff to the patients,”  Brian heard a bit of hesitancy in her voice.  

“Do you have some worries about working there?  All you have to do is smile and be nice. I would have loved to have someone stop by when I was in the hospital.”

“Liar.  You would hate someone like me stopping by and bothering you.”

“Ok, you got me but most people love a happy face stopping by,” Brian pulled her close.  “Are you thinking about Justin?”   Molly nodded and she clung on to him for a few moments. “Oh, Mollusk, Justin would be so proud of you.  Now if you don’t want to I am sure they can find you another place but I think Sunshine will be so proud of you.”

Molly ran off to her room to talk to her friend who just finished at the hospital.  Jenn looked over at Brian, “I don’t know what I would do without you, Brian.  She has been worried about that all week and five minutes with you and she is fine.  How are you doing, Brian? Are you still having dreams?”

“Yes, but my therapist says I am stable, believe it or not,” Brian pulled a bottle of water out of the fridge. “Have you talked to Craig?”

“No, he made it clear he was done with us.  Why do you ask?”

“My therapist thinks it would be good for me to talk to Craig about that night but I assured him that would not be a wise idea, if for no other reason, he threatened to charge me with rape. I don’t think that would fly anymore…. Fuck! I’d go to prison the rest of my life if Justin was here.”

Jenn hugged him, “I know you would but he isn’t so I am glad you are.”  The three of them enjoyed pizza and ice cream before Brian left for the night.  He called a florist and paid extra to make sure they were delivered to Molly at the house  before school. 


Justin got a call from his father’s secretary.  His father would be unable to take him to his appointment today.  The hospital was sending transportation to and from the appointment and the doctor would do a teleconference with Craig.   Justin had arrived at the appointment and was ushered into an exam room.  It was a long exam checking his progress before they sent him down for a final test. He was ready to go back to his quiet, unobtrusive apartment and be alone again. He felt like some kind of guinea pig, especially with everyone calling him the wrong name. He  just needed to get out of there.


Molly was so excited all day at school.  Brian had sent her flowers and then as she got off the bus at the hospital, she got a text from him that said he would pick her up at 5:00 pm and drive her home.  She wasn’t scared anymore, although she was a little nervous because it was new to her, the other girls who had already worked there said it was a lot of fun. The time went quickly and Molly was on the last hall when she glanced down it.  At the far end she saw a blonde man turn the corner. Without thinking, she followed him.  He looked so much like Justin.  By the time he got to the corner and turned it there were double doors she wasn’t allowed to go through. “Justin, Justin are you down there?”

Molly called a couple more times before a nurse appeared.  Molly told her she had gotten lost and the nurse kindly showed her the way back to her entrance and assured her more people got confused.  Molly said she would be back on Wednesday as she walked out her eyes darted around for Brian.  As soon as she saw him she ran straight into his arms. “I saw Justin.  I know I saw Justin!” Her whole body trembled as she sobbed.  “He was there!  He really was there. Brian picked up the sobbing girl and carried her to his Jeep, setting her down on the seat but she still hung onto him tightly.  As Brian comforted her, a hospital van drove past them.

Inside the van, Justin was agitated.   He could have sworn he heard someone call his name when he was going for his MRI.  At the time his brain wasn’t registering quick enough but now that he was in  the back of the van he kept picturing Molly.  He hadn’t seen her or heard her in almost two years. He wasn’t sure what she would have been doing here.  She had turned thirteen on her last birthday but when he had written a message to his dad about her, he just said she was with his mother and changed the subject.  Molly’s voice haunted him as he made his way up the steps.  He really was going crazy.  He needed to keep improving so he could get away from his father and start a new life on his own.  His old life may no longer be an option but he could start a new one, even if he would never find another man to love him, he was sure he would not be interested in a woman, not like that.  As he got in his apartment and locked the door behind him,  he softly said,  “Brian, I understand you went on with your life  but I will always love you.”


Brian texted Jenn and asked if he could take Molly out for dinner.  That worked perfect for her because she was running late so Brian picked up food and drove her back to his loft.  As he sat with an arm around her trying to calm her, he listened to the whole story.

“Brian, I know it sounds funny because he had a bad limp and his right hand just sort of hung there but it was my brother! Brian, will you help me find him?”

“Oh, Mol, no one would be happier to find him alive than me. And I don’t doubt for a minute that you think you saw him, but honey, I think it is best that we don’t mention this to your mom.  I promise, I will find someone to help us look for him but can you keep this from Jenn?”

“I understand that, Brian.  Mom is tough but she is just getting back into her new normal.  She doesn’t need this.  She deserves to be happy and I think she might be ready to meet someone.”

“Well, Molly, when Sunshine died I thought about checking into it.  I thought it was odd how your dad just had him cremated and it was over but it was your dad and even though somehow he loved Justin, he was ready to have the Justin he didn’t like be gone so he could remember him the way he wanted his son to be.  I convinced myself, that was all it was but now, after what you saw, I will look into it.  I don’t care how much it costs, I am going to find proof Justin was cremated or I am going to find out if your dad …. I really can’t believe even he could do that.”

“Brian, I would have agreed with you but I know what I saw!”

“Let’s eat, Molly, and then I will bring you home.  You are at the hospital for several more days.  Keep your eyes open and I will have the private investigator start where you saw him.  I hope you are right but if it was just someone who looked similar, we need to know that, too. You Ok with keeping this from your mom? You can call or text me anytime.”

“I’m good for now.  I know you will do whatever it takes.”

“You are right, Molly.  Your brother has been haunting my dreams for almost two years.  I need to find a conclusion.”  They finished eating dinner and Brian dropped Molly off, giving her a couple things to check next time she was at the hospital.  Find out what was at the end of the hall.  She obviously couldn’t see records but anything she could find out might help.  Once Jenn waved at Brian he drove back home and called Ted.  He knew they had used a private detective for an issue at work.

“Brian, are you sure you want to do this?  I mean, Craig Taylor made it clear he didn’t want you anywhere near his son or his memory.”

“I don’t give a fuck what Craig Taylor wants or doesn’t want and in the last two years, I have a feeling my net worth has passed his up so I can afford anything he throws my say.”  Brian knew Ted was right and if the story leaked out that he was looking for his dead boyfriend, it could hurt his business and reputation.  “Ted, I know you are just looking out for me and Kinnetik but I need to do this.  I need to know when and where Justin was cremated or what happened to him.  Ted, I know it’s crazy but I feel like he’s alive. I hear him call my name at night. Am I going crazy? My therapist doesn’t seem to think so but it is getting worse, not better.  I need a conclusion or I am not sure I will ever be able to move past this.”

“Then we will make sure the detective knows the importance of secrecy throughout.  I will set up an appointment with him tomorrow. Brian, we’ll get an answer for you.  It is time you move on with your life.”

“I know you’re right, Ted, and thanks for understanding.”


‘Brian, call me.’ a text came in from Molly a week later just as she finished her volunteering at the hospital.

As soon as Brian was out of his meeting, he called Molly.  “Hey, Mollusk.  What’s up?”

“Brian, I got lost on purpose today and ended up by those doors again. A nurse was there and I made up a story for her.  I told her I thought I had seen a friend’s brother and I was shocked when she took me over to a computer terminal and she actually looked up last week’s schedule. Brian is it weird the guy’s name was Jason Smith?  Jason Smith was the name of the guy I thought was Justin.”

“You are amazing, Molly.  That will be so helpful.  I’ll let you know as soon as I know anything.”

“Has the detective found anything yet?”

“He had been finishing up another project but now that he is working full time for me the only thing he knows for sure is that if Justin was cremated, it wasn’t in Pittsburgh.”

“Brian, should we tell Mom?”

“If you have to, but if you can wait just a little while longer, we don’t have anything to tell her yet.”

“Ok, Brian. I won’t say anything.”

The minute Brian hung up with Molly, he called the detective.  “See if you can find someone named Jason Smith.” He explained what Molly found out and asked him to find the guy.

The detective contacted Brian every couple days as he started looking for Jason Smith.  He let him know he had some leads but he wouldn’t tell Brian anything until he had a couple details verified.

Molly was sad as her time wrapped up at the hospital and they didn’t know anymore than they did when she started there.  The Sunday after Molly had finished Brian arrived at their house but Molly didn’t run out to meet him.  “Hey, Jenn, where’s my girlfriend?”

“Brian, do you know what is going on with her? I am not sure the hospital was a good idea.  It might have brought up some…”

“Jennifer, I have something to confess,” Brian guided Jennifer to the sofa.

“Brian, we have something to tell her,” Molly came and squeezed in next to Jennifer and the side of the sofa.  “Mom,” Molly took one of Jennifer’s hands and took Brian’s with the other, “The first day I was at the hospital I was sure I saw Justin, Mommy.”

Jennifer hugged Molly tightly against her, “Oh, honey, you know your brother isn’t with us anymore.”

“But, Mom, it looked so much like Justin and I told…”

“You told Brian,” Jenn met his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Jenn.  We talked it over and we hoped we would have some answers before we told you.”

“What kind of answers did you think you would get?” Jenn’s voice was a little reserved.  “Brian, you didn’t talk Molly into believing…”

“He didn’t talk me into anything, Mom.  I found out the man’s name was Jason Smith and Brian hired a private investigator.”

“And you didn’t think I should know this?” Jenn scowled at Brian.

“Jenn, I just got some real news about this and I planned to tell both you and Molly about it today.  There was a boy named Jason Smith that died the same day of Justin’s accident.  It wasn’t around here, in fact it was in California.  The weird thing is this Jason Smith, although obviously dead, has an active Social Security number and it has been used in Pennsylvania.  In fact, it was used at the hospital the day Molly thought she saw Justin.”

“What are you saying, Brian? Somehow, Justin is alive and using this Jason Smith’s Social Security number? Brian, that is crazy.  Justin died almost two years ago. Do you really think this is good for any of us, Brian?” Jenn got up and started pacing.  I can’t believe you pulled Molly into….”

“Mom, don’t be mad at Brian.  I’m the one who needed to know.  He just said he would do it for me.”

“I did it for all of us.  I have had questions since the day he was cremated  before I could see him, before any of us could see him.  I still have dreams… I’m sorry,  Jenn.  I should have never…”

Molly got up and hugged her mom.  “Don’t send Brian away, Mom. I can’t lose him….”

“Brian’s stuck with us. He’s family now.”

“Daddy was family and he left us.”

“I hope you know, Molly, I’m not going anywhere unless your mom says I have to leave and I think she just said we are family.” Brian hugged both of them.  “If you would rather I go home before dinner…”

“No, it will be ready in a few minutes.  I just need a promise that the two of you won’t try to hide anything from me again.  I am not fragile.  In fact, I seem to be handling all of this better than ….”

“You’re right, Jenn.  I know you are a strong woman.  I’m the one that still hears your son’s voice and can’t….” Brian turned his back to them and walked to the window. “I loved him so much, and treated him so badly.”

Molly and Jenn each put their arms around him and the three stood together until dinner was ready.


Brian got a call on Tuesday from the private investigator. He needed to meet with him so that afternoon he met Brian at the office at closing time.  “It sounded important on the phone. Did you find something?”

The detective threw a folder down in front of Brian who opened the folder.  Inside were photos taken at a distance away with a long lens. There was a picture of Craig with a blonde next to him.  It was hard to see any details.  Brian flipped through several more pictures and then he froze.  The picture was from the hospital surveillance.  The date shows it was the day Molly saw him in the hospital and after seeing several more shots Brian forgot to breathe.  There was no doubt in his mind that this was his Sunshine, although his spark was missing.

“Do you know where he is? Do you know where he is living?”

“I think so.  He appears to be living above a small farmer’s market about 30 minutes from here.  Do you want me to go check it out tomorrow?”

“No, just give me the address and I’ll do this follow up.  If it’s a bust, I’ll let you know.”  But Brian had no doubt that it was Justin in the pictures.  He went home but he couldn’t sleep.  He sipped some bourbon but didn’t want to drink too much.  He wanted to be clear headed in the morning.

As soon as the sun rose over the horizon, Brian texted Ted and Cynthia that he wasn’t feeling well and wouldn’t be in today.  Ted immediately called him, “Brian, what’s going on?  In all the years I have known you, you have never called in sick.  Is it Justin?”

“Ted, I saw him.  It was only pictures but they were recent.  I’m going to go see him today.”

“Is that wise to do?  Is anyone going with you?”

“No, I need to do this. I…… Sunshine might be alive and I….”

“Call me if you need me, Brian. I hope it is Justin.”

Brian walked out of the apartment and took the lift to the ground floor.  He got into the Jeep and headed out to a small town he hoped held his future.


                             

Chapter 2 by Simply written

Chapter 2


Brian found the address in the small town that the detective had given him.  He parked his Jeep a couple blocks away and then walked to a bench on the corner across the street from the address.  He looked through a newspaper as he watched people go in and out of the small bodega. He had been sitting there well over an hour when he noticed some movement in the windows above the store. He knew he saw blond hair going from window to window. He had to stop himself from rushing across the street.  He felt a physical pull to those windows.  If it wasn’t him, Brian wasn’t sure he would be able to go on.  

When the blonde disappeared from the windows, Brian’s heart sank again. He couldn’t just rush up there.  He held his breath when he saw the door open between the store door and the edge of the building.  There was no doubt anymore.  Justin was alive.  As Brian watched his sunshine walk from one door to the next he wanted to weep at the struggle he was having walking the ten feet. 

Brian watched him come back out and moved back to his apartment door.  There had to be 20 steps that he had to struggle back up to what had to seem like a prison. Brian wasn’t sure what he was going to do but he had to talk to him.  Could it be he didn’t remember him or his mom and Molly?   He just didn’t know how that could be. They were the people that loved him the most.

It was another fifteen minutes before Brian walked back to get his Jeep and parked it close to Justin’s apartment.  He then moved to Justin’s door and, as quietly as he could, climbed the steps.  As he moved upward he caught himself counting each rise.  There were 22 of them.  Each one brought him closer to Sunshine and darkened his thoughts toward Craig Taylor.  That man would pay for every step he made all of them go through.

Brian stood on the landing in front of Justin’s door.  He listened to some shuffled steps on the other side of the door and then a vocalization that could only have been a curse of some kind. Brian couldn’t help but smile.  Sunshine was still feisty.  That was a good sign.

He couldn’t wait any longer.  Brian knocked on the door.  There was a string of more unintelligible words and more shuffling.  Brian was sure Justin was looking at him through the peephole in the door. And then a voce he never thought he would hear again said, “No!  Go!”

“Oh, Sunshine,” Brian slipped down the door and sat leaning against it, tears running down his face. “I have been waiting for you for two years.  I’m not going anywhere.”

“Go!” Justin called out again.

“Justin, I love you.  I have missed you so much.”

“Jason, not Justin. No Justin.” Justin struggled to get the words out. “Father, you left. Mom left. He...sta….”

Brian could hear the frustration in his words and the more frustrated he got the harder it was for him to speak at all.  “Justin, love, please let me in. Let me see you.  I just want to talk to you.”  Nothing could be further from the truth.  He wanted to hold him and never let him go. For thirty  minutes Brian talked to him through the door.  He knew he wasn’t playing fair but he talked about Jenn and Molly.  He talked about how grown up Molly was and how many times he had dinner with them, and all they could talk about was him.

When Brian heard the deadbolt turn he jumped to his feet. Slowly, the knob turned and the door opened slowly. Brian had to fight every urge not to hold him and kiss him but although it was Justin, there was something missing.  It was Sunshine.  The spark he always had was gone.

Brian reached out to touch Justin’s cheek but he saw the wariness in his eyes and dropped his hand. “Justin, please sit down so we can talk?” Brian saw the stubborn set of his shoulders and knew there was still fight there but could he get him to fight with him and not against him.  “Sunshine, sit down.  I don’t know what your father put you through but…”

“No!  Left me, you left me.”

“Oh, Justin, that’s not how it was.  Your father told me, told everyone, you had died.  He sent me out of the hospital.  Your mom and Molly are heartbroken.  He said he had you cremated.”

Confusion crossed Justin’s face. “No, loves me.  Care…” He dropped into a chair, “Lied? But you left!”

“Oh, my love, I was told you were dead and if I pushed anything he would have me charged with rape. Sunshine, do we have time…..will your father be coming here?”

Justin shrugged.

“Does he leave you here alone for a long time?”  Brian saw the weariness in his face as he shrugged. “Sunshine, come home with me.  Come back to the loft.  Your mom and Molly…”

“No!” His whole body trembled.  “I can’t…  can’t talk.  Can’t walk….”

“Oh, Justin, we don’t care about that. We just love you.” He reached out and touched Justin’s hair without thinking and he nearly jumped out of the chair.  Brian dropped to his knees and gently took Justin’s hands.  “He lied to you, over and over.  Come with me now.  I know you don’t trust me but I want you safe and you aren’t safe here.”

“No Mom.  No one.”

“Justin, if you come with me now, you are in charge.  May I pack your things?”  

Justin picked up a glass and threw it across the room, “Hate it!  Hate it all!”

“Then let’s take you home.”  Brian got off the floor and watched Justin struggle to get up.  

Brian guided him toward the door when he stopped.  He held up a finger and walked the other way.  He came back with a small backpack and a sketch pad in his hands and held it close to his body. “Go.”

As Justin struggled going down the stairs Brian touched his elbow but he jerked away.  Brian took another step back and by the time they got to the bottom step, Justin had to take a moment to regain some strength.  He looked at Brian, “Car?”

“It is at the corner to the left,” Brian said as they stepped out onto the sidewalk.

“Jason, is everything alright?” an elderly woman asked from the bodega’s door.

Jason nodded and struggled to get out the word appointment and finally said, “Doctor.”

Brian just nodded at her and walked next to Justin as they slowly moved to the Jeep.  Once they turned the corner, Justin said, “Call Dad.”

“You want to call your dad?” Brian was confused.

“No.  Lady call dad.”

Now Brian understood.  “She will call your dad?  Will she call him right now?”

“No, don’t come back.”

“So she will call him later today?”

Justin nodded as he slipped into the Jeep.

“Well, we are out of here.  I hope he calls me. I’ll….”  Brian saw the weariness on Justin’s face.  “Why don’t you shut your eyes while I get us back to the loft?”  Five minutes later Brian was out of the small town and heading toward Pittsburgh and Justin was sound asleep next to him.  He had to fight his instinct to call Jenn.  He had a long challenge to win his trust and that is what he had to work at right now.  What he couldn’t stop himself from doing was reaching over and touching his cheek, dragging his finger to Justin’s chin.  In his sleep, Justin softly said, “Brian.”  

Brian nearly cried hearing Justin say his name so sweetly.  Justin had to still have some feeling for him or he wouldn’t say his name like that in his sleep.  

Thirty minutes later Brian pulled the Jeep to a stop in the back parking area of the loft.  He didn’t expect Jenn or Molly but he didn’t want them to see Justin by accident. He reached over and touched his shoulder as he softly said his name, “Sunshine, time to wake up. We are at the loft.”

Justin’s eyes fluttered, and he looked nervous as he looked around.  As Brian led him into the backdoor of the loft, Justin stomped his foot. “So dumb!”

“Sunshine, are you talking about me?”

“No! No clothes.  Why?” he hit his own head several times.

Brian grabbed his hand and ended up pulling him in his arms. “It is not a problem, Sunshine, I still have some of your clothes here.  I can order anything you want or need. You are here.  You are safe.”

Justin started fighting Brian’s embrace now and Brian stepped away.  “Calm down.  Just calm down.” Brian led him onto the lift.  “Relax, Justin.  I love you but I can wait as long as it takes you to love me again.”

Once they were both in the loft Justin stopped and turned to Brian, “Love me?”  He turned and looked into Brian’s eyes.  “You love me?”

“I don’t know what your father told you.  He lied to us.  He said you were dead.”

Justin looked around the loft. He fought out the words, “Hook up. Where do I go?”

“You aren’t getting it yet.  Sunshine, there has been no one else in two years. I love you.  I tried to move on but I just couldn’t.  I saw you every time I kissed someone so after a couple weeks I quit trying.” Brian pointed toward the sofa.  “Sit down.  Can I get you something to eat? Drink?”

Justin looked at him and smiled,  “Beer?”

“Can you have beer? I mean medication...oh, shit, I bet there was medication you should have taken with you.”

Justin reached into the small backpack he had brought with him.  He handed several pill bottles  to Brian.  Brian looked at them.  “Justin, I promise you can have a beer but I need to do a little research.  I need to know a little bit about this stuff and what its reaction to alcohol is.”

“Adult!” Justin said sharply.

“Actually my darling, you aren’t 21 yet but you know that isn’t stopping me from giving it to you.  Let me make a couple quick calls and if they clear you, tonight at dinner you can have a beer or two.  I just found you.  I am not going to let you do anything that might harm you.” 

Justin stood up quickly and swayed before dropping back into his seat, “FUCK!”

Brian dropped down next to him giving him a little space, “Are you in pain?”

“Pride!”

“You have so much to be proud of but seriously, do you hurt?”

“Bad headaches.”

“Did you get therapy? Physical or speech?”

“I quit.” The stubborn look on Justin’s face nearly caused Brian’s heart to melt.

“Well, I guess you just got a new therapist.”

Justin thought for a few moments, as if he was organizing his words carefully, “And...if...I....say...no?”

“You won’t.  I will make it worth your while.” Brian lightly brushed his lips over Justin’s who for a split second he leaned in but then a look of panic crossed his face and he pressed himself against the back of the sofa. “I’m sorry, Sunshine.  I didn’t mean…. Fuck! I keep screwing up.”

Justin tentatively reached out and touched Brian’s chin, “So beautiful, but…”

“I’m not going anywhere, Justin.  I will be here whenever you are ready.”  He leaned forward once more and kissed Justin’s forehead.  “I love you.”

Brian and Justin ate a sandwich for lunch and then, without saying anything, Justin walked into the bedroom and when Brian had finished straightening up the kitchen he checked on Justin and he was sound asleep curled up on the bed.  Brian covered him with a light blanket and then went to his desk and did some work. 

Ted called Brian when he realized he was working, “Brian, are you going to tell me what is going on?”

“Ted, this is just between you and me. I mean it.  You can’t tell anyone!”

“Brian what is it?”

“Justin is asleep in my bed right now.”

“WHAT!” Ted audibly gasped.  “He’s really alive.”

“Battered and terrified but he’s here and he still has fight in him. I promised him I wouldn’t tell anyone so you can’t say a word.  Just pay the investigator but let him know I may need him later.”

“What are you thinking, Brian?”

“I’m  going to nail Craig Taylor’s ass to the wall and I might need his help to do that.”

“Brian, I don’t want to burst your bubble but have you thought about what this will mean for Hobbs?”

“You are a fucking buzz kill, Theodore.  It actually has crossed my mind but for now, I have to focus on Justin.” Brian’s voice trailed off.

“Are you Ok, Brian,” Ted asked, concerned because of the tone of Brian’s voice.  

“I honestly don’t know.”

“Well, you know I am here, even if it is just to talk.”

“Thanks, Ted.” Brian heard a noise and glanced up to see Justin, hair tousled, coming down the steps. “I need to go.  I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” And Brian hung up.

“Work?  You in trouble?” 

Brian walked over needing to hold him.  Very gently he put his arms around Justin and pulled him close but not too tightly.  He kissed his forehead and was thrilled when he felt him relax against him. 

Justin repeated himself, “Trouble at Ryd….?”

“No, Sunshine.  I don’t work at Ryder anymore.  I started my own company.  It is called Kinnetik. Ted works with me.  We are doing well. I’m the boss now.”

Justin looked up into Brian’s eyes and Brian lowered his mouth to Justin’s.  As his arms tightened around Sunshine, Sunshine panicked. He pushed away and actually fell to the floor and crawled away. “No!  No!”

Brian was a bit confused.  Yes, he probably shouldn’t have kissed him but what scared him? He needed to figure out how his mind worked now.  What was he so afraid of? He rushed to Justin who was now sitting on the steps. “I’m sorry if I scared you.” He sat cross legged on the floor in front of him.  “Sunshine, I am trying but I can’t seem to figure out how your mind works right now.  I want to be here for you.  I want to make you comfortable. I want to help you in any way I can.”

“My head hurts,” was all Justin said as he sat with a hand on each ear.  

“Come here, Justin.” Brian stood in a smooth movement and just offered a hand.  Justin  cautiously reached out and took Brian’s hand.  Brian realized Justin’s moods seemed to switch about as fast as Gus’ did sometimes.  “Let’s see if I can help with that headache.”  Brian sat on the sofa and had Justin sit between his legs on the floor.  He began to make gentle circles on Justin’s temples.  He continued for quite a while and started to add a little more pressure as he continued. He noticed Justin flinch, “Is that too much?”

“No,” Justin paused, “helping.” His head fell back onto Brian’s crotch.  This wasn’t the way Brian usually thought of Justin’s head in his lap but right now he was thrilled to have him here. In the last two years Brian learned what was really important and this was it, just having time with the one he loved.  Justin’s lips were trying to form words and finally he said, “Thank... you.”   Justin soon moved.  He got off the floor and sat down next to Brian and pulled Brian’s arm around his shoulders.  He dropped his head on Brian’s shoulder and Brian realized he probably had very little physical contact except with therapists in the last two years. Craig wasn’t the loving type.

Brian gladly pulled Justin comfortably against him and soon he realized Justin was sleeping again.


The next two weeks Brian and Justin spent together.  Brian spent a lot of time rubbing Justin’s head and his hand and arm.  He would talk about their friends while they sat together.  Brian also asked questions about where he was in the last two years.  He found out Justin was in a coma for more than a year.  Often as Brian worked Justin’s hand, Justin would talk.  Brian started hearing a name repeated several times.

Brian massaged Justin’s fingers as he said, “Who is Dani?”  He didn’t look into his face because he had learned making eye contact often made Justin shut down. 

“Dad tricked….led her on.  Nurse.”

“Did you like her? Would you like to work with her again?”

“NO, Dad?” tears came to his eyes, “Nice to me.”

“Do you think your dad is still in contact with her? Do you remember where she worked?”

Justin shook his head. “I don’t think…..,” he stopped and thought for a moment, “I’ll try.”


Since Justin had arrived Brian had given him the bedroom and he had made a makeshift bed in a corner of the main room.  He wanted Justin to feel safe all the time but he also didn’t hide. He showered and dressed out in the open as he always did and more than once he found Justin watching him.  He did his best not to walk in as Justin showered or changed because that still made him uncomfortable.  Brian had gotten into the habit of kissing Justin before going to his own bed.  He was usually asleep but Brian would kiss his cheek or forehead before going down to his own sleeping area.  

Brian finished his shower and walked through the bedroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.  He sat on the edge of the bed and watched his Sunshine sleep for a few moments before he leaned over and pressed a long kiss on his cheek.  All of the sudden Justin shot straight up.  Brian didn’t see fear on his face but he wasn’t sure what the look was. “Sunshine, is something wrong? Do you have a headache? Is your hand hurting?”

Justin slowly leaned toward Brian and kissed him quickly with a big grin on his face and said, “Hope!”

“I have always had hope, Sunshine.”

“No, Dani worked at place with Hope in name. It was north side of city.” Justin put his good hand behind Brian’s neck and pulled him close for one more kiss but this one went on far longer than the previous one. Justin opened his lips allowing Brian’s tongue to slip between them and by the time they separated, Brian had to control his urge not to take it further. He put his arms around Justin for a bit, just calming down and absorbing his warmth.  Justin didn’t fight him at all. He seemed to be enjoying the feel of skin on skin.

Finally, Brian moved back a bit, “You, did amazing.  Hope.  There can’t be that many on the north side of the city.  The investigator should be able to track a Dani down at one of them. Now,” Brian helped him get back under the sheet, “you better get some sleep.”  

Brian began to stand up but Justin held his hand tightly, “Stay.”

“Justin, are you sure?”

Justin tugged off Brian’s towel, showing he was aroused. “Not sure I can…” 

Brian pulled the sheet back and stepped over Justin.  He laid down next to him. Brian had never felt this awkward in bed.  Did he touch him? Did he move to the other side of the bed? He knew Justin wasn’t ready to make love but he wondered if he would be ready for Brian to use his mouth or even his hand but Justin would have to let him know.  Maybe sharing the bed was all he was ready for and that was alright with him.  It was one step closer to his Sunshine coming back.  As Brian lay on the pillow on his side of the bed, he felt Justin move over and when Brian stretched his arm out, Justin curled up next to him with his head on Brian’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry, Brian. I can’t….”

“I love you, Sunshine.  Sleep well,” he kissed Justin gently as he pulled him against him.


Brian was dreaming.  He was in bed and Justin had taken him in his mouth. He had had this dream several times over the last two years but it was never this real. And then he felt his balls being taken into a warm, wet mouth and he knew he wasn’t dreaming.   “Oh, god, Justin.” He reached down and touched Justin’s hair.  He fought it as long as he could and then softly said, “I’m cumming, Sunshine, you don’t need to…”

Justin wrapped his mouth around Brian’s hard head and drained him before coming back up and turned away from him and fell right back to sleep.  Brian lay there for a moment trying to figure out if that had really happened or not but it didn’t take much for him to know his Sunshine was coming back.

When Brian woke in the morning, his eyes traveled down Justin’s back and down to his shapely ass.  He moved a little closer and ran his hand down from Justin’s waist over his hip and stopped at his upper thigh.  He then moved his hands so he could play with his pubic hair.  He knew he was torturing himself but the feel of Justin under his fingers made him yearn for so much more. He knew when the time came, it would be better than he had ever been because his heart was now totally involved.

Justin’s hand touched Brian’s and he guided it to his cock and as Brian began to skillfully stroke him, Justin’s body instantly responded until Brian moved a little closer and Justin could feel Brian’s erection press against him. He scrambled out of the bed and rushed to the bathroom.  Brian heard the shower start and after a hesitation he followed Justin into the shower. 

He saw the panicked look on Justin’s face, “Don’t worry, Sunshine, I would never push you if you aren’t ready. Will you let me wash your back?” He looked wary but slowly turned and offered his back to Brian.  Brian’s heart leapt at the trust he was showing. Brian kept several inches between their bodies as he slowly ran the bar of soap across Justin’s back. “Sunshine, I love you,” Brian said as he covered his back in soap.  “I hope someday you’ll be ready to make love again but I will never push you.”

Justin took a step back so their bodies were in full contact, “I love you.  I want to but…”

Brian’s arms went around him and Justin relaxed against him.  “You have come so far already.  I know you will continue to get better and if Dani is willing to come help with things I know nothing about, I know you’ll get better.”

“Bri, you have helped so much. Talking is better.”

“That is because of your hard work.”

“That is because of your love,” Justin turned to face him and tilted his mouth toward Brian who happily met his lips.


Brian had missed the last two Sundays with Molly and Jenn.  By Friday, Molly had texted three times making sure  Brian was coming for dinner on Sunday.  He knew he had to talk to Justin about this.  Could he spend time with Justin’s family and not tell them he was alive?  He also wasn’t sure he wanted to leave him alone that long.  He was sure he would be alright but it gave him an uneasy feeling. Justin had been making great progress, especially with his speech and mental process.  Things were starting to click.  This also helped his frustration because he could communicate his feelings.  

But knowing Brian was with his family might trigger something.  As they sat down to eat dinner on Saturday, he approached the subject.  “Sunshine, you know I told you that I had spent time with your mom and sister while you were gone.” He nodded.  “Molly is begging me to come tomorrow.  You know you could come with me.”

Justin froze. After a moment he said, “No, I’m not ready. I can’t…”

“You don’t have to.  It is up to you but if I don’t go, they are going to think it is odd.  I have to confess something.  Ted has known you are here since the day you arrived.”

Justin shot up, tipping his chair, “You said you won’t tell anyone.  You promised me!”

“Sunshine, calm down.  Ted knows because he works for me.  He helped hire the detective that found you.  You are glad he found you, aren’t you?”

“Yes, of course. I am back with someone who loves me.” Justin still stood next to the tipped chair.

Brian walked to the tipped chair and set it back up and then he took Justin’s hand and guided him back to the chair.  “Ted would love to see you.  He hasn’t told anyone. Will you let him join you for dinner tomorrow? I know you are very capable of taking care of yourself but, Sunshine, it may be harder than you think, staying here alone while I visit your family and we both know your dad could show up at any time. I just don’t want you to be alone that long.  Please,” he kissed his cheek softly, “have dinner with Ted.”

“Ok, I like Ted and if you trust him, I will trust him,” he reached up and stroked Brian’s cheek. “I do trust you in my heart.  My head just doesn’t always know it yet.” 

Brian grazed Justin’s lips with his own but Justin did not stop at that.  He stood so Brian would take him in his arms. Justin sighed as he relaxed against him and deepened the kiss. Brian calmly withdrew.  “I ….. I’ll go check with Ted.” Brian walked away rubbing his crotch.  Wth Justin’s affection growing it was getting harder and harder to not want more.  His dick ached to be inside Justin.  He just couldn’t scare him.

At 4:30 on Sunday there was a knock on the door.  Justin rushed into the bedroom in case it was someone other than Ted while Brian went to answer the door, “Theodore, glad you could make it.  Sunshine, it’s Ted.”

Ted stood there and first saw his shadow and then Justin stood in front of him.  “Justin, it is so good to see you and you look good.” Ted walked toward him and as he neared  him he extended his hand.

“Ted, I think after two years, a hug is in order.” Justin opened his arms and the two men hugged. 

“Brian told me you were getting better everyday.”

“I have a long way to go yet,” he held up his arm and took a step, making his limp evident.

“Well, I believe that will get better, especially if we find your favorite nurse, but you know even if you didn’t get any better we all love you.” Ted linked arms with him and walked to the sofa with him. 

By the time Brian was ready to leave, they were deep in a conversation.  He walked over and kissed Justin.  “I should be home around 8:00.”

“No rush.  I have no plans and I am sure the two of us will have plenty to talk about.” Ted smiled at him.

“Lots of questions about you and the last two years,” Justin smirked up at Brian.  Brian kissed him once more before leaving. As he went to his Jeep, he realized he wasn’t worried about Ted and Justin’s conversation.  He was faithful to Justin the last two years.  There had been a couple nights the first month he went out to Babylon but it was empty and hollow and he felt unfaithful afterward. He hadn’t gone back.

Brian stopped by a music store and picked up the new CD of Molly’s favorite group and then grabbed a bottle of Jenn’s favorite wine before driving to their house.  

“Brian!” Molly rushed out the door to meet him. “Why has it been so long?  You never miss this many weeks in a row.”

“I’m sorry, Mollusk, I’ve been really busy but I don’t think I missed any of your texts.” Brian put an arm around her shoulders and walked to the house with her.

“Yes,  you answered all her texts or she would have told me about it. Brian, so glad you could join us tonight.  I was starting to worry that you had bad news and couldn’t face us,” Jenn hugged Brian and kissed his cheek.

Brian tossed Molly the bag with the CD and handed the wine to Jenn.  “I got a chilled bottle in case you wanted it tonight.”

“I’m not going to need anything stronger?”

As Molly squealed in the background as she looked at her gift, Brian smiled at Jenn, “No.  I’m sorry it is taking so long but the investigator has run into a couple bumps.  He still is very hopeful by the leads he has gotten. He has two years of tracking.”

Jenn opened the bottle and poured them each a glass, “It is just so hard waiting.  I’m glad you came.  I’m not sure how Molly would have reacted if you didn’t make it again, not that you are obligated to us at all but she, no, we love you.  You are one of us now and she has learned to rely on you just to be there for her and you have been amazing.”  Jenn looked over at Molly.  “Why don’t you go check out your gift and I will let you know when dinner is ready.”

“But Brian is here,” she walked over and stood next to him.

“Mollusk, why don’t you listen to the new CD now and after dinner, we can play a game, whatever you choose.”

“OK! Remember you did say anything.” She ran off to her room.

“Brian, you aren’t holding back on bad news, really?”

Brian was so glad she asked the question that way, “No, Jenn, I have not heard anything negative from the investigator. I have been working from home part of the time.  I have a couple big campaigns I’m working on and I have to admit, I just needed a little break.  With everything going on, I just feel like I need a little time.”

“Brian, if anyone deserves a break it is you.  In the last two years you have done amazing things and worked so hard to get Kinnetik where it is today. Not to mention, taking such good care of Mol and me.”

“You didn’t need me but I needed you.  You have shown me more about family than my mother ever did.”

“Your mom sounds as if she’s as big of an ass as Craig.”

“I don’t think she would…” Brian stopped, afraid something might slip about what he had found out.

“You don’t think she would…?”

“Did I ever tell you about the time she stopped by playing mommy dearest with a cake for me and Justin was there? He didn’t realize it was my mom and called out.  He came down, obviously….um, well, loosened up already.” He blushed a bit talking to her about the actual physical details of their love life.

Jenn patted his arm, “My son loved you.  I’m glad, if he isn’t here anymore, he found love in his lifetime.”  

Brian turned and hugged her, “I wish I would have told him.  I wish I realized it.  I think I did but I didn’t have any standard to put love up against.  My parents could barely stand to be in the same room.” He turned back to the salad he was chopping.

“Brian, you always knew how to love.  You just didn’t trust yourself.”

“Is dinner ready? I’m hungry,” Molly came into the kitchen.

“Well, why don’t you set the table and then the food should be ready,” Jenn said as she pulled out the food from the oven.

An hour later, Jenn was cleaning up and Molly and Brian were playing a card game.  Brian tried not to look at the clock too often.  He enjoyed time here but he couldn’t stop thinking about Justin back at the loft.  At least Ted was there with him.


Ted and Justin caught up.  Ted did most of the talking.  He filled him in on Emmett and his love life.  He told him about his on and off relationship with Blake who Justin had met a couple times. “I’m guessing Brian told you about Michael?”

“What about Michael?”

“He didn’t tell you?” Ted was surprised.

“We don’t talk about Michael much.  I have been surprised he hasn’t shown up here.  I was starting to think he was still on the west coast.”

“No, Dr. David was not the man for him however, after buying the comic book store….”

“Comic book store?” Justin was confused.

“He really didn’t talk about Michael.  Well, Michael is living with Ben now.  Ben is a great guy and he is really good for Michael. He is a professor and he gets him. You’ll like him.”

At that time there was a knock on the door. Justin moved out of the line of sight of the door as Ted accepted the food they had ordered and got the door shut.  As they started eating, Justin began asking questions, “So, while I was gone, did Brian really quit going to Babylon and Woody’s?”

“He would meet us at Woody’s once in a while but he was broken.  He wasn’t sure what to do with  himself so he started his own business and pulled me in when I needed some stability in my life, too.  Brian realized he loved you and of course was sure he would never fall in love again. I was just trying to get him to start coming out once in a while when Molly saw you which started the search for you.”

“But now he feels like he is stuck with me.  He still can’t go out and live his life.  I mean with me like this,” he raised his arm and his hand fell limply.

“Justin, he doesn’t care about that.  You taught Brian what love was and, even though he didn’t realize it until your accident, no not accident.  You know what I mean.  He loves your heart and your mind.  Oh, and he loves your body, whether it is perfect or not.  You are the whole package, the only package he wants.”

Justin ate in silence for some time processing everything Ted had said.  As he finished the food on his plate he got up and took a beer out of the refrigerator for himself and Ted. He saw the look on Ted’s face and responded, “Can’t drink much but one beer isn’t going to hurt tonight.”  He sat on the sofa sipping the beer, still thinking about what Ted said and finally said, “So you really believe he is better off with me?”

“Justin, have I ever lied to you?” He got up and sat on the sofa next to him, taking his hand. “I am not sure if he would have ever healed enough to move on. I think Brian will love one man in his life and that man is you.”

Justin leaned over and hugged Ted just as the loft door opened and Brian walked in. His first instinct was to charge across the room to Ted.  By the time he got to the sofa he had a chance to take a deep breath.  Ted knew that look and had already moved away from Justin.  Justin also knew that look and, although he couldn’t move as quickly as he wished, he got around the side of the sofa and wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck and kissed him.  He pressed the full length of his body against Brian causing him to growl low in his throat.

“Thanks for coming, Ted.  Sorry you can’t stay.” Brian mumbled as he waved Ted toward the door. Ted had to smile as he walked to the door.  His heart warmed seeing his friends so happy.  He pulled the door shut and as he went down in the elevator, he texted Blake, asking him over for a drink. He wanted what they had and he saw that being possible with his own young blond.  As he got in his car, Blake responded he would be there in 30 minutes.  Ted stopped at a corner store and bought something sweet and a small bouquet of flowers so by the time Blake got there, Ted had the treats on a plate, candles lit, and a bottle of wine open.  Maybe it was time he thought about his future, too.


By the time Brian and Justin separated, Ted was long gone.   Brian slowly reached for the bottom of Justin’s shirt and gently lifted the hem of it over his head. Justin willingly let the shirt go and then Justin pulled Brian’s shirt off.  “How were Mom and Molly?” he asked as he ran his hands slowly down Brian’s chest.

“It was rough not letting them know. I hope you’ll be comfortable soon because they miss you so much.” Brian began running his fingers down Justin’s arms until his fingers interlocked with his.  They walked together up to the bedroom before Brian slowly undid Justin’s fly. As he slid the jeans down, he dropped to his knees and slowly took him into his mouth.  He put enough pressure against Justin so he sat down on the edge of the bed.  Brian inhaled deeply. He loved the earthy smell of him.  As Brian began to run a finger back along his perineum he felt Justin tense.  He began working his tongue around the tip of Justin’s cock and as he distracted him with his tongue his finger moved back just far enough to press at the opening.  Brian nearly climaxed feeling his finger slip past the sphincter.  Justin exploded in Brian’s mouth as wave after wave ran through him. He had allowed Brian to give him a couple blow jobs in the last week but Brian pushed him just a bit tonight and Justin was so glad he had.

Brian slipped out of his pants and got into bed pulling Justin to him.  He began to stroke Justin, feeling him respond almost immediately.

“Brian, you don’t need to….”

“Sunshine, I want you inside me, if you are up to it.  I want to be one with you. You don’t have to if you don’t want….”

“Brian, shut up and turn over.”  Brian's heart skipped a beat hearing the authority in Justin’s voice and as he heard Justin open a condom and then felt Justin apply lube.  When his finger slipped in, Brian let out an audible moan.  Justin slowly began to press against Brian’s puckered bud and as he began to move a bit awkwardly because of his injury but the pleasure he was giving Brian was evident as Brian’s body began to tremble and together they erupted. 

As they laid, still joined, both of them found tears running down their cheeks. After several minutes, Brian rolled over to face him.  He kissed the tears off of Justin’s face. “You were amazing, Sunshine.  I couldn’t have asked for anything more.  I love you so much.” Brian pulled him close and kissed him once more.  “Now, young man, it is time for you to get some sleep,” Brian swatted his bare ass and turned Justin so he faced away so they could spoon.  Soon they were both sound asleep.


Blake had arrived at Ted’s right on time. Ted let him in and gave him a hug and then dropped a kiss on his lips. “Thanks for coming,” Ted kissed him once more and this time Blake stepped into his embrace.

“I was a bit surprised you called.  I know you said you were busy tonight.”

“Well, I had something to do for Brian but when I was leaving I realized how much I wanted to see you.  I bought some dessert for us and a bottle of wine is breathing.”

“Ted, do you really want to eat that right now or would you rather….” Blake’s hand slid into Ted’s pants and his answer was obvious to him. He took Ted’s hand and led him to the bedroom.  “I know you are always a proper gentleman, Ted, and I love that about you but, just once, tell me to take my pants down so you can fuck me.”

“Blake, strip and bend over!” Blake reached out and undid Ted’s pants before taking off his own  and bending over the edge of Ted’s bed.


A couple hours later they sat in Ted’s bed eating the dessert he had bought and sipping on the wine. Ted set the dessert and wine glass down before turning to Blake who followed suit. Ted pulled Blake close and kissed him.  “I am going to ask you something but I don’t need an answer tonight.”

“This sounds serious,” Blake said as his head rested on Ted’s chest.

“Blake, I don’t want to scare you off but if you are ever …..  I don’t…..”

“Ted, just ask me.”

“I was wondering if you would like to move in. I love you, Blake, and I want to come home to you every night. But if you aren’t ready for that, I understand.”

“Oh, Ted,” Blake supported himself on one elbow.  He looked down at him. “I love you, too. And yes, I’d love to move in with you but I think we will need to talk a couple things over before I move in because when I move in, I want it to be forever,” he closed the space between his lips and Ted’s.”


Brian felt Justin’s warm body pressed up against him but he wasn’t sure at first what woke him but then he heard someone knocking on his door. “Brian, you forgot your phone last night.”

“Oh, shit, Justin your mom is here. Justin! Your mom…..I have to get the door.”  Brian was out of bed and slipping his silk robe on. 

“Mom is here?  Oh fuck, Brian, I don’t know if….”

“Coming, Jenn!” Brian called out loudly as he turned to Justin.  “It is your decision.”  Brian walked to the door slowly.  He knew he was walking like he had sex last night.  He hoped she didn’t notice.  He unlocked the door and opened it.  “Sorry, I was sleeping in a bit this morning.” He kissed Jenn’s cheek and stepped out of the way.

“I didn’t mean to wake you,” she pulled out his phone. “You left this at our house last night.” Jenn took in a deep breath, “Do I smell coffee?”

“Oh, ya, it starts on its own,” he walked over to the counter and pulled out two mugs. When he turned around he saw the look on Jenn’s face. “I….”

“Brian,” Jenn looked toward the bedroom,  “you don’t owe me any explanation.  Let me get out of here.  I’m sorry, I should have just dropped it off…. 

“Jenn, it’s not what you think. I….”

“Brian, I couldn’t expect a young man like you to…”  Jenn heard noise coming from the bedroom and automatically glanced in that direction.  “Let me get out of here so you can…” Jenn turned toward the door and took a step toward it when behind her she heard a familiar voice.

 

“Mom….”


Chapter 3 by Simply written

Chapter 3


“Mom….”

Jenn stopped in her tracks but didn’t turn around.  She could still see Brian out of the corner of her eye and saw him looking toward the bedroom and then he moved that direction.

“Mom, don’t be angry at Brian.  I told him not to tell you.”

Jenn turned around slowly.  Brian was standing with his arm around Justin’s waist and as she looked at her son’s face, tears began to flow. “Justin,” was all that would come out as her arms opened up.  Brian helped him steady himself as he walked toward her but stepped away as their arms encircled each other. “Oh, Justin, I can’t believe you are here in my arms.” She looked over his shoulder at Brian.  “How could you keep this from me?”

“Mom, can we sit down?” he moved toward the sofa.  “I can’t stand for very long.” Jenn’s arm tightened around his waist as they walked over and sat down.

“Honey, why didn’t you tell us? Where have you been? What did your father do?” by the time she got to the last question her tone had gone hard and accusatory.  

“Mom, I want to hear about you and Molly.  I have missed so much.  I’ll tell you about me later.”

“I just can’t believe I am sitting in front of you. I can’t believe you are alive.” Jenn hugged him for a long time.  Brian could almost see Justin healing while they hugged. It wasn’t doing anything for his physical problems but mentally he was getting stronger.

As Justin asked about Molly, Brian got Justin and Jenn a cup of coffee  but after handing them out he started moving away but Justin stopped him, “Bri, stay.”  Jenn didn’t look too happy about this but Brian sat behind him and put his arm around him.  He didn’t say anything but was there for his support.  After over an hour of talking with Jenn, Brian felt him leaning harder on him.  He began rubbing his temples.  No matter how upset Jenn was with Brian she could see her son relied on him.

“Justin, do you need some time to rest?”

“I kind of do.” Justin said as he laid back against Brian as he continued the circular motion.

“Jenn, come with Molly for dinner.  What time would be good for you?”

“We’ll be here around 6:00?” Jenn replied.  

“Ok,” Brian kissed Justin as he stood and laid Justin down.  “I’m going to walk your mom out.  I’ll be right back.”

Jenn kissed him and stroked his cheek, “I love you, honey.  I will see you tonight.”

Brian walked out with Jenn and as they rode the lift down, she turned on him, “How dare you keep that from me!  You have know he is alive for more than two weeks and you didn’t tell me!”

“Jenn, he was so fragile.  He could barely speak.  Craig had filled his head with lies.  He had beat his morale down.”

“Why!  Why would Craig do that?”

“He wanted to end up with a straight son.  Sunshine told me how he told him over and over that no man would want an invalid but he could find a nice woman who….  Justin could barely look at me. I sat outside his apartment for 30 minutes just to get him to open the door.  I had to keep his trust and telling you ….”

As they walked to her car and she opened the door, she turned and hugged Brian tightly.  “Thank you for loving my son so much.  I can see how much he is relying on you and I don’t think he could do that with anyone else.”

“Jenn, I want you to know, last night was the first night Justin had enough confidence to make love to me and I don’t know when he will be ready  for me to…. Well, everything is at his pace and if he is never ready again, I will still love him.”

Jenn softly kissed him, “We will be here for dinner.  I need to go tell my daughter her brother is alive.” Brian shut her car door and she drove away.

Brian went back in and took the stairs two at a time.  He hoped Justin was sleeping.  The emotional morning had worn him out and once Brian saw that he was napping, he stayed outside the door and called Ted.  He let him know that Jenn knew and was making sure they were looking for Dani.

“Brian, the investigator already has it down to three places.  I would say within a couple days we will know where she is but, Brian, I need to tell you something.”

“Fuck, Ted, I don’t know how much more I can deal with right now,” Brian sighed.

Ted heard a weariness he hadn’t heard in Brian’s voice since he had found Justin. “Brian, are you alright?”

“What is it, Ted?” he pulled a little more energy into his voice.

“Through the grapevine word on the street is that Craig has hired his own detective to track Justin down.  Brian, it sounds like he has someone on your loft, watching all the time.  Justin is going to need to stay away from the windows and you may want to think about finding someplace else to live for a while.  I was just thinking, now that Jenn knows, maybe she knows of a house you could use or rent for a while.  She has access to listings.  I know it is just my opinion but I would get him out of the city in a well secured home or apartment.”

“Ted, I hope you know how important your opinion is to me,”  Brian stopped.

“Brian, are you here?”  Justin’s voice came from the loft.

“I have to go, Ted.  Thanks for everything,” Brian ended the call. “Coming, Sunshine. I had a phone call and didn’t want to wake you.” He walked into the loft and saw Justin standing by the kitchen counter.  He walked up behind him and enclosed him in his arms from behind as he breathed in his scent as he kissed his neck.  At least this didn’t freak him out anymore.  “How’s your headache?”

“Better.  I’m sorry I made you lie to Mom.  Why couldn’t I just know that of course my dad lied about that, too.  I just can’t trust my own thoughts.”

“You have come a long way already.  We understand that. We all love you.” Justin turned and Brian pulled him in for a kiss. It was long and soft, not asking for anything more. 

When they separated they were both flushed and Justin didn’t move away.  “Who was on the phone?”

“Ted.  They have a couple good leads on Dani.  He thinks by mid week they will have her tracked down.”   

Justin noticed Brian wasn’t making eye contact.  “Brian, what else did he say?”

“Your dad is looking for you. I think we should move for a while.  Maybe Molly and your mom could come with us, make it a vacation.”

“You are making light of this, Brian.  We know he’s dangerous now but I would love to spend time with Mom and Molly.  You would stay too, right?” I need you,” Panic building in his voice. “Brian, I’m sorry but I can’t….”

“I will not leave your side without your permission. Sunshine, you are my life, don’t you know that?  I finally have my life back.”

“It doesn’t look like you are living much.  It looks like you are babysitting. How can you be happy living like this?”

“You’re here,” Brian replied.  “I don’t need anything else.”

“You are so full of shit, Kinney!” Justin kissed his cheek.  Brian tapped his other cheek and Justin kissed that side. Brian then tapped his lips and Justin pressed his body against him and as their lips met, Justin wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck and Brian’s hands slipped into his jeans. As his hands slid over his smooth skin sending a shiver through him.  

Just as Justin started to undo Brian’s fly, the phone rang. “Fuck,” Brian whispered. He ran his finger over Justin’s bud before removing  his hands and went to grab his phone.

Justin stood there wanting Brian so badly.  Maybe tonight he would feel comfortable enough to let Brian… How could he keep this sexy man if he wouldn’t let him make love to him?  He watched Brian at the desk doing something for work.

He wandered over to the window and stared down at the street.  He watched people and cars and then he saw it, a man standing in a doorway across the road with a camera. As he tried to rush away from the window he fell to the floor.  Before he could get up, Brian was at his side.

“What happened? Are you alright?”

“There’s a man with a camera across the road. Dad!  I’m sure he’s with Dad.  I can’t go back with him I can’t…..”

Brian sat on the floor and pulled Justin against him.  “You will never go back to him, not while your mother and I are alive. And, you would never go with him again, now that you know the truth of his lies.  I emailed your mom and she has a place we can go tomorrow.  I didn’t read the rest because that’s when you fell. Please just stay away from the windows while we’re here.  I know he wouldn’t hurt you but…”

“Wouldn’t hurt me?  He kept me away from everyone I love for two years. Letting me die would have been so much easier for me.”

“Don’t ever say that!” Brian rolled and pinned him to the floor.  Brian forgot the element of being gentle and crushed him to the floor as he began to pull at Justin’s shirt.  He pushed it over Justin’s head as his mouth nipped around Justin’s chest as his hand moved into Justin’s fly.

“Brian, no.  Not here.  Not now!” Justin tried to quit talking.  His heart wanted to continue so badly but his mind stopped him in a panic.

Brian took a deep breath and held Justin lightly in his arms, “I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to push you. I just thought about not having you again” He gently stroked Justin’s cheek.

“I do want you, Brian. I want you so bad but my mind freaks and….”

“I know, Sunshine, and I wish I knew how to help you.” He kissed him softly, “Justin, we will figure this out. We have the rest of our lives.” 


Brian laid down with Justin until he dosed in the afternoon and then worked at his desk. He really hoped Jenn and Molly  would consider moving in with them at this new place for a while.  He loved spending time with him and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else but his business was suffering and he couldn’t afford that either.  Ted had emailed and said that the investigator hoped to talk to Dani today.  If she could work with Justin would also help.  He felt helpless when it came to Justin’s physical improvement.  The speech had come a long way and he may be walking a little better but that is where he couldn’t help.  He would always be there but he didn’t know how to push him.  He had caused enough stress by pushing for sex.  He didn’t mean to but he couldn’t get close enough to him.

Brian took the time to look at an email Jenn had sent that had pictures of an estate at the edge of the city.   It was private and had a fence around the entire property.  There were gates at every entry and there was already a contract with a security company.  Brian looked at the layout.  There was a nice suite on the main level.  It was probably supposed to be for the help but it was a large room with a full bath so he and Justin could use that room.  Molly and Jenn could stay upstairs and if Dani was willing he was sure there was plenty of room for her, too.  He counted six bedrooms upstairs.  This property would work well. Plus, it had a pool which might be helpful for Justin and the rest of them would enjoy it, too.  He texted Jenn and told her to take it.  They would talk when she got to the loft.


Brian ordered dinner for the four of them and about 5:00 p.m. he slipped into bed to feel the heat of Justin.  He kissed his neck as his arm slipped around his waist.

Justin sighed, “Um, what time is it?”

“Your mom and Molly will be here in about an hour. Did you want to take a shower before they come?”

“No,” he rolled over and kissed Brian.  “I want an appetizer.”  Justin slid down Brian’s body and, with a little difficulty, undid his fly and brought out his cock.  He slowly took it into his mouth as Brian relaxed on the bed.  It only took a few minutes and he was fighting to keep control and then with a flick of his tongue, it was over.  Brian exploded and Justin greedily swallowed every drop. “Now,  follow me and wash my back!”  Justin got out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

Brian smiled. He loved him so much and each day he was getting better.


Jenn hadn’t told Molly, yet.  She told her they were going to Brian’s for dinner.  “Brian invited us for dinner? We just saw him yesterday.  He has never invited us for dinner before. Why is he inviting us tonight?  Mom, could it be…”

“Take a breath, girl, and give me a chance to respond,” Jenn pointed to the door, “We’ll talk on the way.”  Together they walked to the car.

“You know why he invited us, don’t you?  Mom, you have to tell me.  Is it Justin? Mom, is he dead? I can take it.  Did they find out he really is dead? That Dad didn’t do anything…” It was the first time in a very long time that Molly had mentioned her dad and that’s when Jenn realized she had forgotten that side of Molly’s reaction. Yes, she would be so excited Justin was alive but she would have to face what her father had done.

Jenn pulled out and started driving into Pittsburgh.  “Molly, I do have some news and some of it isn’t good but some of it is very good.”

“Mom, I’m not a child anymore.  I can deal with it, but Mom, if the bad news is about Justin, just tell me.”

“The bad news has nothing to do with Justin.” Jenn pulled into a small parking lot a few blocks from Brian’s loft.

“Mom, please, just tell me.  I don’t understand what is going on.”

“Molly, sweetheart, Justin is alive.  You will get to see him in a few minutes.  He is very excited to see you.”

Molly started jumping up and down, “Mom, why are we sitting here?  I want to see my brother.  Where has he been?  Why did he lie to us?”  As she said the last line her speech slowed.  She was a bright girl.  She was thinking things through.  “Mom, what did Dad do?  He did something, didn’t he?”

“Molly, let’s celebrate the fact that your brother is alive and doing well.  And we will talk about your dad later.  Is that alright with you?  Justin is waiting. He can’t wait to see his little sister.”

“Ok,  Mom, I do want to see Justin but then we are going to talk about him mom.  I’m not a kid anymore. I deserve to know what went on.”

“I promise we will talk about it but let’s go see your brother.”


The next half and hour Molly and Justin sat on the sofa, mostly hugging.  She didn’t even want to talk right now. She just wanted to snuggle with her brother and Justin was happy to accommodate her. Jenn had picked up Justin’s favorite dessert and she and Brian were setting the table and opening some wine. When they both ended up in the kitchen at the same time, Brian slipped his arm around her waist. “Jenn, I am sorry.  It was killing me but he just freaked out everytime I mentioned it.  He has come some far already.  I hope I have someone to help him with his physical therapy soon.”

Jenn finally spoke, “I know you did what he wanted but, you could have told me.  I would have stayed away.”

“Jenn, do you really think you could have done that.  You would have been hiding around the corner and he would have thought it was Craig’s goon.”

Jenn turned and looked at him, “Craig has sent someone around?” She wanted to yell it but she didn’t want her children to hear her.

“Yes, did you get the house for us?”

“Yes, I signed the papers this afternoon. I will….”  Jenn was interrupted by the buzzer for the downstairs door.

“Foods here,” Brian called as he buzzed the delivery driver in. 

Jenn walked over to her children and kissed each of them as they sat together and then the tears started.  “I never thought I would see you together again. I still can’t believe,” she touched Justin’s head and realized she could feel his injury.  She also could see him fight not to pull away.  She brought her hand to his shoulder. “Let’s see what Brian ordered.”

The next half hour they ate and laughed. When the dessert was served, Brian looked at Justin’s face when he took the first bite.  He wondered if he may have climaxed just from the taste.  He decided he was keeping the rest of that dessert and maybe using that to his advantage tonight. As they finished eating Brian reached over and took Justin’s hand.

“Jenn and Molly,” Brian started.  As he started to talk, Molly moved her chair right next to Justin. “Jenn, first, whatever you say goes, but we would love for the two of you to stay with us all the time or part of the time at the estate.  It will give you time to catch up and, to be honest, I need to get back to working more hours and if we have more people out here, everyone will have company.  Everyone can enjoy the pool.”

“Oh, Mom, can we?   I want to be with Justin and Brian.”

“I don’t know how long we can stay but yes, I can take a couple weeks off and we can decide after that, what we want to do.” Jenn saw Molly’s face light up.  This is what the two of them needed after the last two years.

“Jenn, do you think you can both be ready at 10:30?”

“Molly? Can you be ready at 10:30?”

“I can be ready at 8:00 but I really wish I had a new swimsuit and I could use …..”

“Molly, I will let you go on a shopping spree once we are settled in.  We can get anything delivered. So I will have the car at your place at 10:30.”

“I can drive us out there,” Jenn interrupted.  

Brian shot Justin a look and he said, “Hey Mollusk, my brain doesn’t work fast enough right now to lie to you but Mom and Brian need to talk so why don’t you and I go play video games?”

“But Brian will tell you what is going on.  I…”

“Molly, you and I both trust Mom and Brian and right now we just need to let them talk.”  He stood and leaned against her as they walked over to the TV.

Jenn started clearing the table but when they both ended up in the kitchen Brian pulled her even further back, “Jenn, we know Craig’s been watching the loft and if he knows you were here tonight he may start watching you. too.   I don’t know what he’s thinking but I do know he isn’t happy I found him and took him back.  I don’t like saying it like that.  He needed to get out of that situation.”

“And in the safety of the estate we will have lots of time to talk and hopefully, talk to Molly about everything.  She can be so mature but she’s also a little girl who loved her daddy once. She hides it well but I have seen her hurt because he wasn’t around.”

“I want to kill him!” Jenn spit it out softly.

“Oh, he is going to pay.  Justin was my first priority but now, when we are all together in an  undisclosed site, I will start figuring out what we need to get him locked up where he belongs.”

“But I don’t want Molly hurt by that man anymore than…”

“Jenn, your children are my top priority, but I do need  to spend a little more time with Kinnetik or my business might start to suffer.”

“Brian, we are all in this together.” Jenn put her arms around Brian and they hugged.

“Um, Mom, you have to find your own guy. I think Brian has proven, at least for now, he wants me.”

Brian let go of Jenn and pulled Justin against him, “Forever, Sunshine. I’ll love you forever.” 

Brian kissed him and behind him Jenn said, “Molly, I think it is time we go home.  We will see them in the morning.” Molly smiled seeing them kiss for the first time.  “Brian, text me in the morning.”

Brian managed to break away for a minute, “Jenn, if you see anything on your way home, let me know.” Justin’s hand went up and turned Brian’s head back so their lips met again.

As Molly and Jenn took the lift downstairs, Molly put her arm around Jenn’s waist, “I had never seen them together.  Justin really loves him and we know how much Brian loves him.”

“Yes, sweetie, Justin is very lucky to have found a man like Brian.”

“Mom, are you going to tell me what you and Brian were talking about?”

“Molly, you are going to just have to trust me right now.  Once we are all on a holiday together, we will talk.”  Jenn was very surprised when Molly just nodded and they got into the car.

Back up in the loft, Brian and Justin were still standing in the same place but both had lost their shirts by now. Brian reached out and his finger found its way into the remainder of the dessert.  He filled his finger and trailed it down his chest and then stuck his finger into Justin’s mouth. The reaction was exactly what he had hoped for. After Justin had rolled his tongue around Brian’s fingertip he ran his tongue along the trail Brian had created.  And as he did that, Brian’s hands moved down his bare back and then into the waistband of his pants.  

Justin’s mouth moved up to Brian’s ear and he said, “I think I’m ready, Brian.  Be gentle.”

“Like the first time?”

“Just know I trust you but if my brain….”

“All you have to say is no,” Brian’s fingers were running down the valley and as his finger slipped in, Justin’s arms tightened around Brian’s neck.

“I love you, Brian.”

“Oh,” Justin shivered as he tried to relax as Brian worked a second finger into him. “Now, Brian, let’s go to bed now.” Brian took his hand and led him to the bed. Slowly, they undressed each other before lying side by side.

“Justin, I don’t want you to feel trapped.”  He slipped one of Justin’s legs over his shoulder but left the other one to the side.  He didn’t want him to feel too enclosed.  Brian slipped a condom on and as he bent over to kiss Justin he slowly began to enter him.  When he saw Justin begin to look panicked he kissed him again and as the kiss deepened he moved the rest of the way into Justin and then as Brian began to move he felt Justin relax and it wasn’t long before, with tears running down his face, Justin cried out as he came hard and fast. Brian’s mouth came down and claimed Justin’s again and after a couple more thrusts Brian climaxed himself.

“I love you, Sunshine.  I love your heart, your soul, and, oh god, your body.  We were made for each other.  We just fit together.”

“Brian, thank you for rescuing me.  I love you.  I was slowly dying inside until you arrived.”


Brian woke to Justin rubbing his ass against his hardening cock.  He didn’t need to be asked twice. He grabbed a condom and put it on and then as he reached around and stroked Justin’s cock as he pressed into him. Brian had to breath slowly so he didn’t climax as soon as he felt Justin tighten around him.  It didn’t take long before they both shuttered and Brian was clinging to Justin and Justin turned to meet his lips. 

“Good morning, Brian.”

“It truly is a good morning.  I really don’t want to move but we are going away today.”

“Thanks for that, by the way.  With Mom and Molly coming, I feel a lot better.  I don’t know what he will try.”

Brian moved off the bed and offered his hand to Justin.  “Let’s shower and then we’ll get out of here.”

Justin was not moving very quickly. It was obvious he was in a little discomfort but he felt more alive than he had since he came out of the coma. Once in the shower Brian soaped Justin down and then, very gently, inserted his finger and slowly massaged his sphincter. He couldn’t resist stroking his prostate and Justin’s knees nearly buckled.

“Do you think Mom and Molly will notice if we don’t leave the bedroom?”

“I am sure we will find enough time.  Maybe this will help with your therapy.” Brian pulled him close and kissed him. 

When they finally separated, Justin said, “Let’s get out of here.”

Half an hour later Brian got a text that the driver had arrived.  He buzzed him up so he could bring the bags to the car.  When Brian heard the lift come back up, he was ready to tell the driver that they could handle the rest but then he saw him.

“Get the hell out of here.”  Craig Taylor stood in the doorway.

“I have come to get my son.”  He moved into the loft.

“You were not invited in here and I can promise you are not welcome.” Brian stepped into Craig’s path. 

Brian glanced over his shoulder to see if Justin was standing there but he didn’t see him. He looked back at Craig just in time to see Craig pull his fist back and the driver walked up behind him. He spun the older man around and knocked him out.

“Was that Ok, boss?” the driver said.

“That was perfect.  Can you take the trash out and we will be down in a couple minutes?”  He headed toward the bedroom and then added, “If you can find his car throw him in it and make sure he doesn’t wake up until we are out of here.” Brian rushed to the bedroom not sure what Justin’s reaction would be.  He looked around the bedroom and didn’t see him so he went into the bathroom. “Justin, Sunshine, where are you?”  Brian finally spotted him sitting behind the door to the closet.  He sat on the floor next to him and waited for Justin’s reaction.  He didn’t know if he should touch  him or not.  He took Justin’s hand and then Justin moved over into Brian’s arms.

“Is he still here?”

“No, he isn’t here.”

“He didn’t hurt you, did he?’

“Sunshine, he didn’t touch me.  Can you get up?”

“Help me?” Brian stood up and put one hand under Justin’s arm and took his hand as he helped him up.  He held him for a minute but knew they needed to get out of here.

“Justin, I don’t want to rush you but we need to get out of here. Our car is waiting.”

Brian locked up the loft and held on to Justin as they rode the elevator down and got into the back of the town car.  The driver caught his eye and nodded. In a few minutes, Justin was curled up on the back seat, asleep, with  his head on Brian’s lap. Forty five minutes later Brian bent over and kissed him.   “Sunshine, we are here.”

“Brian?” Justin opened his eyes, looking a bit confused and very frightened.

“You are safe here, Justin.  I promise he has no idea where we are and as soon as Jenn and Molly arrive the gate will be locked and no one will get in without our permission.”


Two hours later Molly and Jenn arrived.  Molly started roaming through the house and went to pick a bedroom while Jenn only had to look at Justin, who was sitting on the sofa, to know something had happened. As soon as she was sure Molly was out of earshot she sat next to Justin and Brian walked over and sat on Justin’s other side.

“What happened?” Jennifer put her arm around Justin but she felt him tense up.  

“We had a visit early this morning.”  Brian responded.

“Craig?”

Brian nodded and when he put his arm around Justin, Justin leaned into him.  “He came to take Justin back.  Well, obviously, that is never going to happen,” he said, kissing Justin’s temple.

“That asshole!  We need to have him arrested,” as her voice went up, Justin shrunk closer to Brian.  “Oh, honey, I’m sorry.”

Brian  looked at Justin, “Do you want to go unpack your suitcase?”  Justin nodded and stood. Brian walked him to the bedroom that was nearby, “Your mom and I will be right here.”  Justin walked back to Jenn and sat down.  “He needs to process what happened this morning.”

“What did happen?”

Brian told her about Craig sneaking in and about the driver knocking him out and taking him back to his car so Justin never saw him but heard him.  “He will be alright once he realizes he is safe.  I’d die before letting anything happen to him.”

“Don’t even say that. That would frighten him more. I can’t believe I married that man.  He wasn’t like that. Well, maybe it was just a different era.”

“Jenn, I’m glad you decided to come at least for a couple weeks.  I need to be able to spend time working or my business…. I have to be able to focus on it. I have got some major campaigns coming up.”

“You are right.  You deserve to keep your business going and you are supporting a lot of people there.”

“I have good people working for me.  Cynthia might be here from time to time and Ted definitely will be.  Oh, and to let you know, When we know Molly is ready, I will invite Mel and Lindsay over.  I will have Mel check out what Craig can be charged with and I need to see my son.  I think Justin will enjoy that too. He loved Gus.”

“I think that will be great but won’t Craig figure out who to watch?”

“None of them will drive here themselves.  It will only be with a car and driver and I hope you didn’t notice but there was another car following you that could have intercepted if needed.”

“Brian, this has to be costing you a fortune.”

“Oh, Craig is going to pay for it.  Trust me.”

“Mom!  You have to see this place.” Molly rushed in and looked around, “Where is Justin?”

“He’s unpacking in his room,” Jenn responded.  

“I should probably go do that, too,” Brian responded.

“Ok, Mol, lead the way and show me the upstairs.”


Brian walked to the bedroom and found Justin sitting on the bed.  His suitcase was open on the bed but it didn’t look like he had put anything away. Brian shut the door and moved the suitcase to a chair before he got on the bed and slowly took Justin into his arms.  He wasn’t sure what to do to help him.  He kissed him on the temple and slowly started to lay back with him.  Justin laid his head on Brian’s shoulder before Brian started talking.

“Sunshine, can you tell me what you’re thinking?” At first Justin just shook his head.  “You can’t let him win.  You can’t let him take over your mind.  You are so much stronger than he is.  He is a weak, miserable man.  You have love and joy in your life.” Brian ran his hand down Justin’s cheek.

“Sorry. I don’t know why…”

“Your father stole you and lied to you and then he brainwashed you.  What you have survived...you are so amazing.”

“But, why…” he had to stop and think how to say it.  “My words….”

Brian claimed his mouth and let his hand slide down Justin’s shirt and then up under it.  He made sure he didn’t threaten him at all.  The touch of his lips and his hands had Justin’s body responding to him but when Justin expected more, Brian backed off.  “Now try to talk.”

Slowly, Justin said, “I love you.” He kissed him once and then continued.  “Words are coming easier. Why?”

“I don’t know, Sunshine.  All I do know is that when I’m with you I focus on you and the rest of the world disappears.  I guess I just hoped that if your mind could settle down and focus it might do a reset.”

“My dad, I don’t want him…. He can’t affect me.  Don’t want him to...win.”

“Oh, he knows he lost and, if he’s smart, he better be getting scared. I have invited Mel, Lindz, and Gus out.”

“Gus is coming?”  That lit his whole face.

“Yes, my boy is coming and I can’t wait to see him but I also want to talk to Mel about Craig. The only thing I worry about is Molly’s reaction.  She knows your dad did wrong and she can’t believe he did it, but he’s still her daddy, and two years ago he deserted her, in her eyes.  But I am sure there is a little part of her that wants him back, that wants his love.  So, we want her ready for what could happen to him.”

“Jail?”

“I hope so. He deserves the worst he can get and I will find out what that is from Mel and what will probably happen to Hobbs. He has been in prison for two years. I don’t think that is nearly enough time but it will probably be about the end of his sentence.  And he will probably sue your dad, too.  We will figure this all out after Mel gets over the shock that you are alive.  But, do you agree, Molly needs to be our first priority?”

“Of course, she comes first. Now,...” Justin rolled so he was on top of Brian and ground his pelvis against Brian’s, “I better unpack.”


They all met in the kitchen to find some lunch.  Brian had put in a large grocery order and the cupboards were well stocked.  They had lunch and then while Jenn and  Brian worked for a while, Molly and Justin put on their swimsuits and went out to the pool.  They helped put lotion on each other and then they spent time playing in the pool together.  Justin noticed he could push his arm and leg harder but then he realized it was time to stop.  “Hey, Mollusk, can you help me out of here.  I need to sit for awhile.  Molly put her arm around his waist and helped him to the lounger.  “Why don’t you grab us a couple sodas and join me?”

Molly came back with two sodas and sat down next to him. “Justin, can we talk or are you too tired?”

“I’m not too tired, Molly, what do you want to talk about?” He slipped an arm around her and she moved very close to him.

“Tell me what happened.  What did Dad do?”

“Well, of course, I was in a coma so I don’t know exactly how he did it, but he convinced someone to sign a death certificate.  I don’t know where I was the first year.  I just remember when I came out of the coma and I was at a rehab place. Dad had a girlfriend there and she was great.  Brian is going to try to get her to come and help.  Dad dumped her  and moved me when I started talking too much.”

“Where did he move you?”

“Eventually to a small apartment.”

“Why, Justin? Why did he do all that?” Justin could hear the shakiness in her voice.

He kissed the top of her head, “He didn’t want a gay son and he figured if I thought everyone in my life deserted me except him he could convince me I am not gay.”

“Why would he want to change that?  Brian loves you.  That is so obvious and he is such a nice guy.”

“You know Dad never changes his mind. Does it bother you I’m gay?”

“Why would I? I love Brian, too. What’s going to happen to Daddy?”

“What do you think should happen to him?”

“He’s going to end up in jail, isn’t he?”

“I really don’t know what can happen to him.  My friend who’s a lawyer is coming tomorrow and she will tell us what will probably happen.  If nothing else he will probably have to pay a lot of money and the guy that hit me will probably get out of jail soon.”

“That’s not fair!” She jumped up.  “He hit you!  He almost killed you.  I thought you were dead for two years and it was his fault.  He hit you!”  Molly froze and then sat again in silence for a few moments.  “He was wrong but it was Daddy who lied and took you away from us.” Now the tears began to roll down her cheeks.  Justin opened his arms and she climbed into them. 

“I’m here now, Mol.  I’m not going away.  I know I’m different but I will get better.”

“Justin, would Daddy love me more if I was a boy? I haven’t seen him in two years.  Maybe I don’t want to see him now but….”

Justin held her tightly, “Oh Molly, it has nothing to do with you and I don’t know how to explain what he thinks but the way I look at it he wanted both of us on his terms and his terms were getting me to change and then he would have come back to get you from mom.”

“I will never leave Mom.  You had a head injury.  He used that against you but I don’t.  He can’t fool me.”

Justin smiled at his feisty little sister. “I love you, Mollusk.  I missed you.”

“I love you, too. So tomorrow the lawyer is coming?”

“Yes, although she may have to do some research before she can give us any idea what could happen.  Oh, and Brian’s son is coming, too.”

“I get to meet Gus?” Molly got excited.

“Yes, I have a feeling he will want to swim.  I can’t wait to see him, too.”

“Justin, will you promise to tell me what is going on? I think Mom thinks I can’t handle it.  It is worse not knowing.  Dad deserves to be punished.”

“I promise, Molly and I will assure Mom and Brian you can handle this.”

“Thanks, big brother,” Molly wrapped her arms around his neck.


Jennifer was standing at the French doors looking at her children when she felt a hand on her shoulder.  “Hey Brian,” she smiled up at him.

“What’s going on?” Brian saw Molly and Justin hugging.

“They are talking about Craig. Did you tell him to talk to her?”

“No, but I mentioned it to him because I wanted to know what his feelings were. Craig fucked with his mind and I knew he wanted Craig punished but I mentioned Molly  and her dad.  Of course, he felt obligated to take it on but I think that was for the best.  Molly would want his opinion and he is good at reading people’s emotions, much better than I am.”

“Brian, you are so good with him.  What did you say to him this morning? He went into the bedroom very shook up but when you came out for lunch he was much calmer and he didn’t talk a lot but when he did I could tell he didn’t struggle anymore.”

“I just did a reset on his brain.”

Jenn smiled and said, “Is that what we are calling it now?”

“Jenn, we didn’t have sex.  I just got him to focus and then he could think straight again.”

“Well, whatever you did, he is much more settled.  Did you get some work done?”

“Yes, and now I am mostly on vacation.  You know if you are interested in buying this place, I can get you a really good price on it.  The seller has already moved to the west coast and told me to take any reasonable offer.”

“I wasn’t thinking about moving out of the city quite yet but I will see how the couple big deals I have going turn out.  The pool obviously did him some good.  I watching him for a few minutes with Mol in the pool and he was walking well and throwing a ball which has to be good for muscle memory.”

“Why don’t you go out and join them for an hour and I will make dinner.”

“Jenn, this is supposed to be a vacation for you, too.”

“Well, I enjoy cooking for my family.  I will swim tomorrow.  Now go put on your trunks and relax. I will open some wine for dinner.”  Brian kissed her cheek and rushed to their room.

Brian played catch in the pool with Justin and Molly for half an hour but then Jenn called Molly in, she started to protest.  However, when she saw Brian and Justin moving close together, she didn’t argue and went in. Jenn and Molly both watched as Brian and Justin stood in each other’s arms kissing.  

“I’ll be back down to help with dinner in a few minutes. I just want to get out of this wet suit.”

When Molly got back down she started setting the table,  “Mom, Justin and I had a talk.”

“Oh, you did? About what?”

“I know Brian’s lawyer friend is coming tomorrow and whatever she says is right for Dad, I’m alright with.  He has to pay for what he did for Justin.”  Molly stopped for a moment and then she said, “Mom, is it ok if I still love him a little?” 

Jenn walked over and took her daughter in her arms, “Oh, Molly, of course you can.  He is still your father.  You aren’t responsible for what he did but you still have his blood in your veins and of course you love him.”

As the sun set, Brian and Justin stood in the pool in each other’s arms watching Jenn and Molly hug in the house,  “Molly’s going to be alright, Brian.  She has grown so much while I was gone.”

“Yes, she is strong just like the rest of you.”  Brian kissed him once more and then, taking his hand, began to lead him out of the pool.  “I am guessing dinner is about ready.  Let’s get out of these wet suits.”

Justin smiled up at him, “Do you think we have time for a shower?” and then winked.

“I can’t believe I am saying this but we’ll have to ask your mother.”

 

Chapter 4 by Simply written

Chapter 4


On Sunday morning there was a different feeling on the estate.  Justin had seen guards patrolling the grounds which had given him a feeling of security and freedom.  He and Brian had stayed up late into the night but as they laid in bed, pressed against each other, he felt rested and very excited about seeing Gus.

“It will be great to see Lindz and Mel and I know Gus won’t remember me and I know it sounds funny but I have missed him. I know you showed me pictures of him on his birthday but  I still picture him as that baby.”

“I know he will love you.  Just remember that it might take him a few minutes to warm up to you. And if you would rather play with Gus, I can talk to Mel.”

“No!” he said sharply.  “I want to be included. It happened to me!”

“Calm down, Sunshine.  I know it happened to you and you have more reason to be included than anyone else.” Brian pulled him close and kissed him. I think it might be best if you were out of sight until I get a chance to tell them about you.  I think just seeing you might be a little too shocking.”

“Ya, I can see that.  I’ll just hang out in our bedroom or maybe I will go check out the pool house.  I was thinking maybe that would be a good place for my therapy.  Dani is coming, right?”

“Actually, I have a meeting with her tomorrow, away from here.”

“But I…”

“Sunshine, it isn’t safe for you to be out.  Here you will be safe and if Dani agrees in the next couple days I hope she will move in with us. And the pool house is a good idea for therapy.  I figure Dani could stay here in the house or in the small guest house behind the pool house.  That is up to her.”

“I guess I understand but I feel ….well a little bit like my dad made me feel.  I don’t have any control over my life.  I know it is very different because you are doing this so I can have my freedom again but in the meantime, I can’t do…..”

“Oh, my love, I expect you to do a lot while we are here.  I expect you to work hard on your therapy and I expect you to be ready for … “ his mouth crushed Justin’s. Justin pushed back and soon he was straddling Brian as his mouth and teeth teased Brian’s nipples until he moaned in pleasure and need. Justin deftly slipped on a condom on Brian, and then lowered himself onto his erection. As he moved, with Brian thrusting to meet him, Brian realized it had only been a few days since Justin felt comfortable making love and now he was taking control.  Brian promised himself they would never be apart again.


Mel and LIndsay arrived with Gus and lunch around 1:00.  Brian had ordered the food and had them pick it up on the way. He answered the door and swooped Gus up in his arms, “Hey, Sonny boy, how are you? It has been way too long.”

“Daddy!” he threw his arms around Brian’s neck and kissed him.”

“Why has it been so long, Brian?” Melanie questions him.  “You need to decide if you want to be part of this or not.  It has to be consistent. Actually from the look on your face, I’d say you have been having sex.  Finally going back to Babylon?”

Lindsay threw a look at Mel and then gave Brian a quick kiss and added, “She’s right about the consistency.” Before they continued Jenn walked in and greeted them.  She brought Molly with her.  They had met at Justin’s memorial but that had been such a traumatic time Molly didn’t remember them. She started playing peek-a-boo with Gus as they all walked to the great room.  

Gus caught sight of Justin shutting the bedroom door and Gus called out, “Hi,” and waved at the door.

“Gussy, there is no one else here. This is everybody,” Lindsay commented.  Brian set Gus down on the floor in front of the sofa and Molly sat down by him and started to pull toys out of the bag Lindsay handed her.

“Why don’t you two sit down.  I actually do have something to tell you,” Brian said as the women sat side by side. “Mel, I mentioned I needed some legal advice. Well, we actually have something to talk to you about.”

Mel looked over at Jenn, “Jenn, I’d be glad to help you out if I can.”

“It is actually Justin that has the questions,” Brian said as he walked over to the door Gus had waved at.  He opened the door and Justin walked out of the room. Lindsay screamed, scaring Gus, who Molly put on her lap to calm him down. Mel sat there in total silence, mouth hanging open and then both of them were up and running over to see him. 

Mel took the opportunity to hit Brian hard on the shoulder and then said, “You have some explaining to do.”

Justin hugged both of the women and then sat on the sofa and they filled them in on what had gone on the last two years. Justin’s attention focused more on Gus then the conversation. Brian helped him slip to the floor while he continued on with the conversation.  “So what we need to know is what do we do now? Craig needs charges brought against him and, as much as I hate to say it, Hobbs can’t sit in prison for murder the rest of his life when Justin is alive but let’s eat and then we can talk about this around the pool later.”

As they sat around the table, Gus on Brian’s lap, Mel and Lindsay learned more about Justin’s last two years. There were times Justin had to fight for his words but if Brian touched his arm or thigh, he usually could make it through the sentence.  As they finished eating everyone put on their suits and met out by the pool.  As Brian tossed a ball with Gus, Justin, and Molly while Mel and Lindsay sat on the edge of the pool enjoying the sun while Mel asked questions.  Soon she had all the information she wanted right now. Lindz and Mel went to a lounger chair next to Jenn and the ladies enjoyed the sun while the other four played at the shallow end so Gus could join in. After another half hour, Gus didn’t want to admit it but he was very tired.  As Mel and Lindsay went to change into their clothes Brian and Justin took Gus into their room and helped him get redressed. Then he climbed into Justin’s arms and instantly fell asleep. Justin didn’t dare walk with him, knowing he wasn’t steady enough for that but he loved this little boy.  He was so glad he could get to know him now.

“Brian, you better take him.” Justin kissed Gus’s cheek before Brian took him out of his arms. “He is perfect, Brian.  I knew he would be but he really is.”  Brian kissed Justin, softly.  “What would you think of buying this place and then Gus could have his own bedroom at our house?”

“This place? Isn’t it a little big for the two of us?”

There was a knock on the door, “We’ll talk later.” Brian said softly as he walked to the door. Justin followed and after they said goodbye to the women and Gus, they went back into the house.  Molly and Jenn went upstairs to do their own thing and Brian and Justin sat on the sofa and then Justin moved so his head could rest in Brian’s lap.

“Are you really thinking about buying this place? Is that really feasible?”  Justin asked.

“The owner wants to sell.  Your mom says it is a steal and business is good.”

“Isn’t it a little big for two of us?”

“Well, I figure you can use the guest house as an art studio and Molly can visit when she wants to.”

“Brian, I may never be able to do anything with art again.”

“Oh, I have full confidence you will be back at it very soon. It will be good therapy.” Brian’s hand moved into the waistband of Justin’s pants.  As he ran his finger between his cheeks, Justin began to undo Brian’s fly and soon found what he was looking for.  He took Brian’s cock in his mouth and began to move slowly at first using his tongue around the head and then he began to take it all the way into his throat.  As Justin took him down his throat, Brian began to press into him with his finger and soon he was stroking Justin’s prostate and together they climaxed. 

Both men were still pulling themselves together when Molly came bounding down the steps.  “Were you two just….”

Jenn came down right behind her daughter, “It is none of your business what your brother and Brian were doing as long as they aren’t doing it now,” Jenn said loudly.

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and pulled him close,  saying,  “Don’t worry, Jenn. We aren’t doing anything.”

Jenn’s relieved face came around the corner.  The way her son and his lover were looking, there had been something going on only moments ago. “Molly, can you go look for my sunglasses out by the pool.  I know I left them somewhere out there.”

“Mom, if you want to get rid of me, just say it.”

“If I did, wouldn’t you argue with me?”

“Probably,” Molly replied.

“So go look for my sunglasses until I tell you to come back in,” she smiled at her daughter.  “Love you, Mol, and I  know you are growing up fast but there are still things I am not ready to talk about in front of you.” Molly opened her mouth but then closed it again and walked out the door.  Then Jennifer approached Brian and Justin.  “You were lucky this time.  I don’t know what you were doing and I don’t want to know, and I know we are invited guests, but please remember that Molly is in the house.  The last thing I want her to walk in on is her brother having sex.”

“Mom, we were dressed. We….”

“Were you doing something I wouldn’t want to walk in on?” They didn’t have to say anything.  

“Jenn, we will be more careful. You’re right, Molly doesn’t have to see something she can’t unsee,” Brian looked at Justin and then at Jenn. Justin didn’t say anything but Brian could almost read his mind.  He was ready to lash out with his words because his brain hadn’t had time to process the conversation yet.  “Sunshine, let’s go to our room and….,” not sure what to say, Brian kissed him long and hard, then stood, leading him to their bedroom. He nodded almost unnoticeable at Jenn. 

“Brian, she is being ridiculous.  I am an adult.  She has no right to tell us….. Is she being any different than my dad was.  I mean she is….”

“Justin,” Brian said sharply, stopping him from continuing. “Your mother is nothing like your dad.  She loves her children and only wants what is best for both of them and if you and I need to watch where we have sex just a ….”  Brian realized his mistake at that point as Justin crumbled, not so much from his words but the tone of his voice. 

Justin had gone pale and stepped backwards, putting more space between them. Brian dropped on the bed and didn’t say another word. He knew better.  Justin didn’t need any pressure from him but at the moment, he realized, he couldn’t deal with anything more either. He just laid down on the bed without a word.  He was tired.


Brian wasn’t sure how long he had laid there.  He had dozed off and wasn’t sure what woke him for a moment but then he felt the bed move again and Justin’s body press against his back and an arm came around his waist.  Then Justin’s soft voice said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be unreasonable.”

Brian took his hand and squeezed it gently. “I should be apologizing.  I shouldn’t have gotten angry.” He turned and took Justin in his arms.

“Brian, you were just being you.  I know that is your personality and I love that fire. You can’t walk on eggshells around me. But thanks for knowing it takes me a little time yet for my brain to catch up. I love you so much and, I sometimes panic that one day you will realize I’m not worth the effort, the sacrifices you are making.”

“Oh, Sunshine, I loved you for two years, not thinking I would ever see you again.  Now that I have you back, I will NEVER just get tired of you. If the day comes, and I don’t ever seeing this happening, but if the day comes that we, together, decide to go our own ways, it will be a mutual agreement.” Brian brought his lips to Justin’s, “I love you, Sunshine.  I can’t promise I won’t get frustrated sometimes but know it isn’t you I’m mad at.  It is Hobbs for changing your life and, I never thought I’d say this but what he did to you is now in the shadow of what your dad did.  The only reason I have been careful about what I say about him is Molly.  I don’t want her hurt any more than she already has been.”

“Bri, you have helped her so much by being there when I couldn’t.” Their lips met again and there was no rush as their tongues danced and their teeth teased.  Eventually, they were both naked and Justin looked in his eyes. “Make love to me like you did the first time.”

Brian positioned himself  with Justin’s legs on his shoulders and handed Justin a condom, just like the first time. Watching each other’s faces, they moved to meet each other. Even though Justin’s leg wasn’t working 100% yet, his flexibility was back and as Brian began to move quickly he bent over and their lips met once more as they both trembled and cried out.

Molly and Jenn were in the kitchen when they both heard the noise from the bedroom.  Their eyes met and Molly looked at her mom, “So, am I supposed to act like I didn’t hear that or can we admit they are having sex in there.”

“Ok, Molly, this was going to be inevitable. And I know you aren’t a baby anymore.  I think we are both going to have to be happy for your brother that he is alive and in love with someone we all love and just get used to it.”

“Does that mean when I bring a boyfriend home I can….”

“Molly Taylor! We are not talking about that for several years.”

Molly hugged her mom, “Don’t worry.  I’m not interested in that, yet.”  

Jenn was heating up some leftovers for dinner when Molly asked, “Should I let them know dinner is ready?”

“Why don’t you just knock and let them know I’ve heated up some leftovers if they are hungry. I am sure we won’t eat every meal together. Are you glad we came, Molly?”

“Of course I am.  Look at this mansion we are living in and…. I’m just glad I can be near Justin. And… Mom, should I really be scared of Daddy? Would he really hurt me?”

“Oh, honey, I don’t think he would. He would like to take you from me, I’m sure but he wouldn’t do anything to physically hurt you. Your father loves you in the only way he knows.”

“Mom, he really is a bastard, isn’t he?”

Jenn was about to reprimand her daughter before she thought a second time, “Yes, honey, he is.”


On Wednesday, Brian lined up for a car to meet Dani in an out of the way cafe.  He didn’t think Dani had any reason to worry about being followed but he had a guard pick her up in a nondescript car so it wouldn’t look out of the ordinary and they met at 1:00 pm.  Brian saw a single woman sitting in the back by herself while her driver sat at the counter where she could see the door and Dani.  She nodded at Brian as he walked past and sat down across from Dani.

“Brian Kinney.  Dani right?”

“Nice to meet you.  I have to say I’m a little nervous with all this cloak and dagger stuff but I had to find out if Jason was Ok.  Oh, I mean Justin.”

“Justin is doing well.  Thank you for taking care of him when Craig had him locked up.” As Brian said this he thought he saw Dani’s chin quiver.  “Dani, I want to offer you a job.  I have no idea what your life all holds right now but I would like you to move onto the estate and work with Justin.  His speech has come back quite a bit but he is struggling with his physical limitations.  Did you know he was an artist?”

“No! Craig never mentioned that. Of course there were lots of things he didn’t mention.”

“Well, Justin said you were a real friend and he feels you can help him.  We are renting an estate and there is an empty guest house you could live in and you would be welcome to use the pool both for therapy and your own enjoyment. I would do anything for Sunshine.”  Dani sat there looking stunned. “Is something wrong?”

“I should have known by now that very little of what Craig told me was true. He basically said you were holding his son as a sex slave and from everything you have said today, it is so obvious you love him.  May I ask how and where you found him?”

“His sister was volunteering at the hospital and he was there for a checkup.  She saw him in the distance but lost track of him in the hallway.  She texted me in a panic and then I hired a PI. We tracked him to your employer and then to the next place and finally to the small apartment above a bodega in a small town nearby.  Craig barely visited him.  He had to take this long staircase to get in and out. Do you have any idea what Craig told him about me and his family?”

“Yes, that is one of the reasons I started fighting Craig and then when Justin woke and could speak again, he moved him and dropped me.  That was close to five months ago.” As she said that, Brian saw the way she placed her hand on her stomach.

“Dani, will you come work for Justin? You could move in the rest of this week and start Monday morning.”

“I have to ask, Mr. Kinney, what does the job include, I mean benefits wise.  I kind of have a health thing.  It won’t affect my work for you, I promise.”

“You’ll get double your current salary and excellent insurance.”

“I can’t turn that down, Mr. Kinney, but I need to tell you something that might change your mind.”

“Brian, please. And the fact that you're pregnant is none of my business as long as you can help Justin in your current condition.”

“Oh, Mr…. Brian, thank you. Yes, I can start Monday.  I actually have been packing up my apartment.  I lost my lease so I wasn’t sure where I was going. I couldn’t move back in with my folks. They don’t want a single, pregnant daughter in the house.  They assured me they were not raising this child and I am not sure I want to either.”

“Are you still involved with him?”

“No, he…..”

Brian’s phone buzzed and he checked the message.  It was Justin.  ‘Coming home soon?’  “Dani, I am thrilled you will be joining us.  I guess I never mentioned it but you can’t tell anyone where you are.  In your free time you can go off the estate but no one can visit you here, not as long as Craig is still looking for us.”

“That’s fine, Brian.”

Brian handed her a card with a phone number on it. “This is the number of the woman that drove you here.” He nodded toward the bar.  “She will be your contact.  Let her know when you want to do your moving and she will help get it all set up.  I promise it won’t be like this for long.  Within a couple weeks Craig will be locked up or at least under court orders.  Then we can enjoy the estate and help Justin live again.”  He stood and offered his hand.  After he shook hers, he rushed out to get home to Justin.  

“Hey, Sunshine, is everything alright?” Brian called Justin from the back seat of the town car.

“Molly is scared.  So is mom but she is trying not to act it.  Dad called her on her cell.”

“I am in the car.  I will be there in about fifteen minutes.” Justin didn’t respond but Brian was sure he was still there and probably panicking.  “Sunshine, is your mom there? Let me talk to her.”

“Brian when will you be home.  We need you home,”  Justin was rambling now.

“Justin, I am on my way.  I’ll be there very soon.”

“Why’d you leave me! You said you wouldn’t leave me!”

Molly’s voice now came on, “Brian are you coming home?”

Brian could tell she was scared but holding it together, “Hey, sweetheart.  I should be there in about ten minutes.  I was already on my way home.  Where is your mom?”

‘She’s on the phone with someone. Not Daddy but I’m not sure who.”

“Just hang on and help him hang on.  We are just a couple miles away.  I will have the driver honk so you know it is us when you hear a car. I am going to hang up now and call Mel.” The line went dead.  Brian called Mel’s cell and got her mailbox.  “Fuck, Mel!  Call me ASAP!”  The gates were opening as he hung up and the driver honked the horn. 

Brian was out of the car before it had completely stopped and Justin rushed out into his arms. For a couple minutes, Justin clung to him.  Brian reached out an arm and Molly walked into it.  

Finally Justin managed to talk again, “You said you’d never leave me. Brian where did you go?”

Molly looked at Brian, “I tried to remind him but….”

“You did great, Molly.  Can you go check on your mom?” Brian guided them all to the house before Molly went on ahead and Brian directed Justin to the den off the front hall.  “Justin, think … where was I?”  

“You left..you…”

“Slow down.  Think for a moment.  Do you remember where I was?”

“Where…”

“No, Justin, think for a moment.  Where was I?”  Brian had them both sit in the extra large chair in front of the fireplace.

Justin looked at him and blinked several times. “You met with …. You were meeting with Dani.” He blinked, wide eyed.  Brian kissed him and Justin closed his eyes.  Brian’s phone rang and he grabbed it out of his pocket and gently pushed Justin’s head onto his shoulder.

“Mel,” Brian almost yelled into the phone.

“Kinney, this better be important.  I am not at your beck and call.”

“Shut up and listen.  Justin’s dad called Jenn. Can you at least get a restraining order against him until he gets charged?  He needs to know he can’t torment his family.”

“Is everyone alright?”  Mel sounded a little irritated with Brian but, of course, concerned for the Taylors.

“It will be.  I was out with Dani when the call came in so I really do need to go.  Mel, thank you.”

“I will figure out what I need to do and let you know.”

As Brian put the phone down Justin kissed him and said, “I hate this.  I hate that I can’t think the way I should.”

“Sunshine, you are  getting better every day.  Let’s go find Jennifer and make sure she and Molly are doing alright.”

Justin stood but before going anywhere he kissed Brian once more. The kiss reached into Brian’s soul and he pressed his pelvis tightly against Justin’s as his cock strained for release. “Later, your mom…...Soon….” Brian said as he led the way toward the kitchen.

Jenn  looked more stressed than she had in months.  It was a look he had seen on her face  frequently right after they thought Justin had died. Brian left Justin’s side and walked over, and took Jenn in his arms.

“No, Brian!” she pulled away.  “I need to be mad right now! That man…” she looked over at her children who now stood together, Justin’s arm around Molly.

“Mom, I know he’s an ass,” Molly said with a weak smile on her face. She then put her arms around Justin’s waist and hugged him tight.

“What did he say, Jenn?”

“He wanted me to admit I knew Justin was alive. He didn’t admit anything just kept saying I didn’t want to get into this and then he wanted me to tell him where we were.  He started saying he wanted to see Molly and…”

“Daddy wanted to see me?” Molly rushed over to her mom. 

“Molly, don’t let that bastard get under your skin!” Justin blurted out.  “You don’t want…” he stopped when he saw her lip quiver.  Now he moved to his little sister, “I’m sorry, Mollusk.  I shouldn’t have…..” Justin looked at Brian, flustered.  “I fucked up again!” He walked as fast as he could to their bedroom.

Brian watched him walk and turned back to Jenn as he pulled Molly into his arms, “Mel is going to get a restraining order blocking him from calling you and then if he does, we have something to run with until Mel is ready to bring this all to a judge, but Jenn, Mel is working on it full time right now.  I may not see eye to eye with her most of the time, I use her as my lawyer because she is good.” He continued, “he didn’t act like he knew where you were did he?”

“No, but he knew we weren’t at home.”

“Well, then he is fishing.  Molly, you know he doesn’t mean…”

“I know, Brian.  He is getting better but it will take time.”

“Yes, Molly, and he loves you so much.  He feels bad.”

“I know, Brian. I just want to think my dad wants to see me but Justin’s right.  He just wants to get to us.”  

Brian kissed the top of her head, “You’re a very smart girl.  I did hire Dani and she will be here by Monday. She is moving into the guest house.  I can see why Justin likes her.  I did, too.”  Brian glanced over his shoulder toward the bedroom.

“You go to him, Brian. Molly and I will be fine.  What do you say, Molly? Let’s put on our suits and go out to the pool.”

“That sounds good,” Molly smiled.  “I still can’t believe I am living in a house like this.” She rushed up the stairs.

“Brian, go take care of Justin.  He only wants you,” Jenn kissed his cheek and moved toward the stairs herself.  She stopped and looked back at him, “Brian, if I haven’t said it in a while, thank you for loving my son.”

“Jenn, I have no option,” Brian smiled as he turned the doorknob.  He took a deep breath and walked in.

Justin was pacing back and forth.  He looked at Brian, “Does she hate me?”

Brian walked over to him and for a split second Justin was going to fight him but then instead sank against Brian’s body.  “Of course she doesn’t hate you.  She understands that your brain isn’t connecting quite right and she loves you no matter what you say.  She knows your heart.”

Brian didn’t say anything but he started to push Justin’s pants down.  He gently grasped Justin’s balls and he felt Justin’s cock stiffen. ”What do you want to do, Sunshine?” He began massaging softly.

“Take me, hard and fast.  Help my mind focus.”  

Brian led him over to a chair and guided him to bend over, bracing himself on the arm of it. Brian dropped his pants and stepped out of them.  He put his hand on Justin’s back and without another word, he drove deep into him.  Brian closed his eyes so he didn’t see Justin’s reaction to the pain. Once buried deep he let Justin adjust to the intrusion and then, he began to move fast and hard.  With each stroke, Justin grunted but didn’t look back and didn’t say anything. He really did seem to be trying to focus with each thrust. And when Brian was ready to cum, he grabbed Justin’s cock and balls and that brought Justin over, clamping tightly around Brian, causing him to fill him. Brian stayed engaged and pulled Justin up to a standing position, wrapping his arms around his shoulders and felt the warmth of Justin’s body pressed against him.

“Feel better?”  Justin nodded.  “Did I hurt you?” He shook his head.  “Sunshine, I love you.  I will never leave you for long and I promise to always let you know where I am and when I will be back.”

“I know, Brian.  I know that in my heart.  My head just won’t …”

“I know you don’t think so right now but you are getting better, Justin.  

“Dani is starting Monday and hopefully you will be back to yourself  in no time.”

Brian loosened his arms and stepped back.  He pulled off Justin’s shirt and then, Justin turned around and removed Brian’s shirt.  They walked hand in hand to the bathroom and got in the shower. Brian put some shampoo in his hand and rubbed it into Justin’s damp hair.  His fingers felt the scar on Justin’s scalp.  “Does it hurt?”

“The scar itches sometimes but … I have a headache most of the time but once in a while it gets bad.  Now that I think about it, I haven’t had many bad ones since you found me.”

“You just have less stress now that we are all together. You know how much you are loved.” Brian got the rest of the soap out of Justin’s hair and then both continued on washing the other’s body.  As they touched and kissed, both had erections again. Just as their lips met there was pounding on the door and it flew open.  

“I have been trying to reach you for over a half hour.  I finally just drove out here.”  Mel stood in the doorway.

Brian turned toward the door blocking her view of Justin, “Well, Mel, If you wanted the full view all you would have had to do was ask.  I have never been shy.”

“Shut the fuck up, Kinney.  Justin, I need you to sign a document for the judge. God, Kinney, turn around.  I don’t want to see that dangly thing.  Five minutes.  I need to get this back to the judge and if I’m late, he’s going to be pissed and a pissed judge is not nearly as cooperative.”

Five minutes later Justin, with a towel around his waist, was doing his best to sign the document and Brian, after putting on a robe,  signed as the witness. Justin looked at Melanie and asked, “Does the judge know everything?”

“Not yet but he knows this is much bigger than a restraining order.”

“I’m ready to talk to him, whenever it gets set up as long as Brian can be with me.”

“I’m not sure the judge will let him be there during the interview,” Mel said gently.

“Mel, I can’t do it without him.  I….”

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin’s waist.  “You can if you need to, Sunshine.  I will be outside the door or as close as the judge will let me.”

“Well, boys, thanks.  I need to get going.  I will be in touch as soon as this is processed,” Mel squeezed Justin’s hand and gave him a kiss before she left the house.

After Brian and Justin dressed they went out to talk to Jenn and Molly.  They were sure they would both be anxious to hear what Mel had to say.  “So, by the end of the day we should hear about the restraining order.” Brian said as he poured a glass of ice tea for himself and for Justin. Jenn and Molly were already drinking some. 

“Does that mean I won’t be able to ever talk to Dad again?” Molly tried to act brave but all of them knew what this was doing to her fragile heart.

Justin walked over and put an arm around his sister.  “Molly, let’s go out by the pool.” Justin could still feel the effects of Brian making love to him and Molly noticed the wobble in his walk.  Once they were sitting under an umbrella, sharing a lounge chair by the pool, she started the conversation.

“Did Brian hurt you? I don’t know exactly how….well, I’m guessing that you are walking…” Molly blushed several shades in embarrassment.

“I’m sorry, Molly, if you are uncomfortable with that.  Brian and I did make love but he would never do anything I didn’t want him to do.  He makes me feel alive. He reminds me of  what is good in the world. Yes, I do have a little pain but, Molly, it is just part of it when a man loves a man.”

“He really does seem to help you. I love him, too. Now are you going to tell me what you want to talk to me about?“

Justin pulled Molly against him,  “I understand all this stuff with Dad is hurting you.  The restraining order will just mean for now he can’t try to see us or call us.  You saw how upset Mom was and of course I went off the deep end.  I know that now but when things happen my brain over reacts.  Brian is the only one that knows how to make me focus.  I know it’s weird but that is part of my brain damage.  I hope it will get better with Dani’s help.  You’ll like Dani and she might talk to you about Dad.  They dated for a while.  I hope he didn’t hurt her or that he broke up with her just because of me.”

“Dad wouldn’t hurt…” Molly tried to pull away from him.

“Oh, Mollusk, I didn’t  mean he would physically hurt anyone.”

“He hit you once,” she relaxed against him again.

“Yes, but that was because he hates me for who I am.  He wouldn’t hit someone, even if he made them feel like crap.  He hits with his words most of the time.  Don’t you remember how Mom just didn’t say much to him?”

“Ya, especially after you left.  They only yelled or didn’t talk at all.”

“I’m sorry about that. I wasn’t very thoughtful as a big brother.  I kind of left you in the middle of all that.”

“It wasn’t your fault. It really was his but…”

“He’s your dad. I hope someday he will realize what he has done to you.  I don’t need him but you do.”

“Are you sure you don’t mind if I talk to him?”

“Well, now it will have to wait until the restraining order is lifted but I don’t think that will be long and then I hope you will get a chance to talk to him.”

“Thanks, Justin.  I know why you can’t talk to him but I am glad you understand.”  Molly glanced at Justin and saw he was dozing.  She laid her head on his chest and fell asleep with him.


Brian and Jenn watched the two of them for a few minutes and then Brian turned toward Jenn,  “I need to tell you something.”

“What is it, Brian?”

“Dani is pregnant.  I have no idea who the father is but I wanted to tell you first.  I will tell Justin about it tonight.  She could be carrying Molly and Justin’s sibling.” Jenn looked like she had been slapped.  “I’m sorry, Jenn.  This can’t be easy but, of course, she could have had a totally different boyfriend.  Justin is a little shaky on his dates.”

“Brian, I just can’t ….. Are you sure this is the best person to work with Justin?”

“Jenn, you know how unsure Justin is about everything.  She is someone he trusts, someone who was really kind and caring. I have to think about what is best for him.”

“I know you do, Brian.  And I know how lucky he, well all of us, are to have you helping us.  I am still getting over the fact that I still have a son after mourning him.  Craig is such an asshole!  I can’t believe ….”

“Jenn, he will pay.  After the criminal case is done, we will start the civil case against him.”

“But, Brian, as rotten a father as he is, Craig does pay child support and without him…”

“Jenn, don’t worry about it.  I promise you won’t have to worry about your child support.  If something happens to it, you’re family.  I’ll help in any way I can.”

“Brian, you’ve done enough.  I can take care of…”

“I know you can take care of yourself but how about letting me help.”

“I promise if I need something I’ll talk to you,” Jenn looked up at Brian’s sincere face.  “How did you turn out so loving when your mother is so…”

“Please don’t use mother and loving in the same sentence when you are talking about mine.” 

Jenn reached up and wrapped her arms around Brian pulling him close. “Just remember family works both ways.” Brian’s arms went around Jenn and held her tightly.


Mel called late in the afternoon.  Craig was not allowed to contact any of his family in person or by phone and included any of his employees so he couldn’t have a PI looking for them.  It was put in place for sixty days.  Craig was a cruel man but he wasn’t stupid.  He knew he was probably going to have to pay for what he did so he wasn’t going to rile the judge now. They all felt relieved and safe in their shangri la.

Justin helped Jenn make dinner.  He struggled to tear up the lettuce but Brian watched the determination as he played a game of cards with Molly.  “You really love him, don’t you?”

“He’s very lovable.  So is his whole family,” Brian winked at Molly.

Molly whispered, “He told me about you loving him today.”

Brian had to fight to keep the smile off his face. “He did, did he? I am guessing your mother would rather we not have this conversation with you.”  He looked at the young girl and whispered. “Part of loving each other is the physical side and that part is between your brother and me.”

“I really don’t want to know, Brian, but it is sure fun to see you squirm,” Molly laughed.


Later that night, Jenn and Molly went upstairs and Brian and Justin stripped and got into the pool for a quick dip.  The sun had just set and the sky was full of color. Brian stopped swimming and saw Justin staring at it.  He swam up behind him and pulled him into his cool embrace. He nuzzled Justin’s neck, “It’s almost as beautiful as you are.”

“It makes me want to try to paint again,” he turned his head silently asking for a kiss and Brian obliged.  

“Well, that’s good because tomorrow a bunch of supplies are arriving.  I asked Lindsay to order what you would need.  She was going to get painting supplies but she also suggested clay for sculpting.  She thought that might be good for therapy.”

Justin turned into his arms and kissed him, “Thank you for that.  You have been so good to me, well all of us. What were you and Molly whispering about at the table?”

“She was asking about our sex life,” Brian smiled.  

“I thought I covered everything she needed to know out at the pool.  She saw how I was walking and was afraid you had been a brute.”

“I doubt she used that word,” Brian said as his mouth dropped kisses across Justin’s shoulders.

“No, but I wanted to picture us in one of the romance novels,” he laughed a bit as Brian bent him backward like you see on the cover of a paperback book. 

When Brian brought him back up, he kissed him once more. It was long and slow and their bodies were pressed together tightly.  “Let’s get in the spa.  The air is getting chilly without the sun.”

Once they were settled next to each other in the warm, bubbling water Justin looked at Brian, “So what do you have to say?”

“What do you mean?” Brian asked.

“I can tell you have something that is taking your attention,”  Justin’s hand crept into Brian’s lap and took ahold of Brian’s cock.

“Oh, you have my attention!” he took Justin’s hand and moved it to  his mouth and kissed it, “But you’re right.  I do need to tell you something.”

Justin tensed, “Brian you’re making me nervous.”

“Sunshine, first I want to tell you how much I liked Dani.  I can see why you wanted her to come help out but, Justin….”

“I don’t want a but…” he slid a few inches away so he could look in his eyes better. 

“I really don’t think it is a big deal but Dani is pregnant.”

“Dani is pregnant? That’s cool.  She is so caring and….” Justin’s voice trailed off. “Brian, is it my dad’s?

“I don’t know, Sunshine.  All I know is she is pregnant and she isn’t sure she wants to keep the baby but she can stay with us until you are better and maybe by then she will know what she wants. And if I’m not wrong, as much as you love your mom and Mol, they may get a little oppressive and with a baby on the way they will have someone else to take care of.”

“But,  Brian, what if the baby is my brother or sister?”

“If it is too hard, I can tell her…”

“No, Brian, if it is my sibling, I owe it to her to take care of her. What am I saying? I can’t take care of myself.  How am I going to take care of…”

“Oh, Sunshine,” Brian pulled him close and placed Justin’s hand back on his cock, “you take care of me.” Justin’s hand began to stroke him under the water.  You can support her better than anyone I know, no matter who the father is.” Brian kissed him as he, in turn, took Justin’s cock.

An hour later they lay in bed after making love again.  Justin rubbed his ass against Brian’s cock as he pressed against Brian’s chest. “Bri,  did you tell my mom about Dani?”

“I did, while you and Molly were out by the pool.”

“What did she say?”

“She has her reservations.  If Dani is carrying your sibling,  it does add another layer of your father’s legacy. I am sure once she is comfortable she will talk to you or one of us. But right now, Brian pulled Justin tightly against him and whispered, “I love you, Sunshine.”

“I love you, too, Bri.”

 

Chapter 5 by Simply written

Chapter 5


Molly and Justin spent most of the day in the pool house.  The art supplies Lindsay had sent arrived and they unpacked them.  Molly helped put things in the cupboards and they asked the guards to help move some of the furniture into the small bedroom, giving Justin more space for therapy in the living room and the small kitchen area was a great place for the art supplies to be stored.  Molly and Justin sat by the small kitchen counter and started painting.  

It was late afternoon when Molly was distracted by noise outside.   She walked to the door and looked out. “I think your nurse is moving in.  I see one of the cars pulled up to the guest house.  Did Brian tell you she’s pregnant?  Mom told me last night.  Let’s go see if we can help her.”

“I would like that but remember we need to come back here and clean up our brushes before we go back to the house.”

“Ok.  I wonder if she will still be here when she has her baby?” Molly asked as they walked to the house.

“Mol, we can find that out but let's not be too noisy the first day.”

“Ok, I’ll try not to talk too much,” Molly slipped her arm around Justin’s waist when he stumbled a bit.  He leaned down and kissed his sister’s head and let himself lean on her for a little support. “You should have rested this afternoon.  Maybe we should go back to the….”

“Justin!” Molly and Justin had barely rounded the corner and nearly ran into Dani. “Oh, Justin you look so good!  I can’t believe you are walking so well.” She gave him a hug.

“Dani, good to see you,” he struggled a little speaking to her.  “This is my sister….”

“Molly,” Dani interjected.  “It is nice to meet you.” She extended her hand and then turned back to Justin.  “This estate is amazing.  This house is bigger than anything I have ever lived in, too.”

Molly looked up at Justin, “Dani, I think Justin should sit down.  He didn’t rest this afternoon and he usually does.”

“Well, it looks like I have an assistant and from the look of it, you are right.  Come in and take a seat. Lay down if you like.”

Molly saw the stubborn look on Justin’s face, “Come on, big brother, if you want to keep getting better you have to take care of yourself.”

Dani smiled at the young girl.  She knew how to work her brother.  Molly winked at her as she helped Justin over to the sofa and had him sit.  “Molly, why don’t you go grab yourself and Justin a water out of the refrigerator.  The fridge was stocked when I got here.”

“That would be Brian.  He doesn’t miss a detail.  I can’t believe I thought he was bad for me.”

“Justin, I can see the spark in your eyes that I knew was in there.  It makes me so happy.”

“But, my leg and hand still won’t work right.  I am hoping you can help me….teach me how to use them again.”

“Justin, I can’t promise you will have 100% use but I am sure you will gain a lot and what you can’t get back, you will learn to adjust.  It sounds like your speech has improved greatly from when you woke up.”

“That was Brian.  Brian knows how to make Justin think and speak straight,” Molly said as she handed the water to Justin.  “When is your baby due? I love babies and little kids.  Gus, Brian’s son, is so cute!”

Justin shot Molly a look but Dani smiled, “I have about three months left.”

“Will you still be here then?”

“Well, some of that depends on you brother.  I have a feeling he will be ready to get rid of me before that.”

Justin saw the smile on Dani’s face but he could see something else there, maybe concern.  “Well, I am sure you are welcome to stay here as long as we do and last I heard, Brian is thinking about buying this place so I would say you are good until after the baby is born.”  Justin looked over at Molly, “Hey, Mol, would you mind going back to the main house and let Brian and Mom know where we are?  You know they will worry and I am sure you will have lots of time to talk to Dani later.  Oh, and tell Mom that Dani will have dinner with us,” he looked at her for approval and she nodded.

“I’ll make sure he gets back to the house safe.”

“Ok, and after I go to the house I will go clean our paint stuff up,” Molly said as she left the house.

“She is great,” Dani said as she watched Molly leave.  “I can see her father in her face.”

“Your baby won’t look like her, will he or she?” It was out of his mouth before he could stop himself.  “I’m sorry, I used to have a lot more tact but now sometimes things just come out.  I was trying to calculate and I thought you broke up when he took me out of that place and that was more like nine months ago which would mean you would be due now.”

“Well, you are right about that part but….” Dani sat down next to Justin and took his hand.  “When your dad was looking for an apartment, he called me.  He wanted to pick my brain about your injuries and what you might need or should have.  Well, he took me to dinner.  One thing led to another…. Your dad has a sweet side.  I know it doesn’t come out often and I don’t expect you to agree but...should I just stop unpacking?  I understand if you don’t want me and this child around…. I should have gotten rid of it earlier but… I just couldn’t.  At first I thought I could raise it but I now know I’m not ready to take this on alone.  I have contacted an adoption agency.  I am going to look at parent options.  Once the baby is born some couple will take him or her home.”  She paused, “I’m sorry, I’ve been babbling a long time.” She looked over at Justin to find him sound asleep.  She wondered how much he had heard.  Oh, well, maybe it was best he didn’t know it all right now. She looked at the beautiful young man next to her and thought about his father’s cruelty.  Craig must have had good in him at some point.  His children were great.  She stood and made sure Justin was comfortable half sitting, half laying and went to unpack a few things.


Molly finished cleaning up the paint brushes and returned to the main house.  She debated about taking a swim but instead she just sat on the edge of the pool, dangling her feet in the cool water. She really wished she could invite a couple of her friends over.  They would have so much fun here.

“So what are you thinking about?” Brian dropped down next to her.  “You didn’t even hear me coming.”

“I was just thinking it would be fun to have some of my friends over for a pool party.”

“Well, as soon as Mel gets the case to the judge, I think that would be fine.  Give it a couple more weeks.  Then, whether you and your mom move back or not, you can have a party here.  I have already decided we are staying here for a while.  Your mom has got an agreement for us to stay for six months with an option to buy at that time. Once Sunshine is better and we can move up to the master I would love to have Gus stay with us some times.”

“And there would be room for me to stay sometimes?”

“You know you are welcome to come visit.  Gus would love to have an extra person to play with. What did you and Justin do all day?”

“We put away his art supplies and then we painted for a while before going to meet Dani.”

“Did you like her?”

“She’s worried she will be done with Justin’s therapy before she has the baby and then she will be left without a place to live.  Justin told her she could stay until the baby was here.”

“I’m glad he did. Of course we will let her stay until the baby is born.  Did she mention how long she still has?”

“About 3 months.  She didn’t give us an exact date and Justin told me not to ask too many questions.”

“Well, we will find out.  Sunshine is still down there?”  Molly nodded. “I think I will walk down there and say hi.”

“That might be good.  Justin was really tired when I left.  He might like it if you are there to lean on.”

Brian kissed the top of her head, “You’re a very good sister, Mollusk.” Brian hopped up on his feet, slipped on his shoes, and was gone.  As he jogged to the guest house he realized he had missed Sunshine today.  He had been busy all day and hadn’t seen him since breakfast.  He found himself getting hard just thinking about him. He got to the guest house and was about to knock when it opened.  

Dani put her finger to her lips, she whispered, “He fell asleep.” She pointed to the sofa. “I didn’t know if I should wake him or not.”  Dani watched Brian’s face as he looked in and saw the look of love wash over his face as he saw Justin sleeping peacefully. 

“I’ll wake him and get him up to the house.  Dinner will be about 6:00.  You can come up anytime you want and if you want to swim, feel free to bring something up to swim in.”  Brian’s focus went to Justin and he started walking toward him.  Dani stepped out of view but she could still see them through a mirror.  Brian dropped to his knees by the sofa before bringing his lips to Justin’s. He kissed him and said, “Sunshine, time to wake up.”

Justin mumbled something and Brian kissed him longer this time.  His tongue traced Justin’s lips and soon Justin’s lips opened and Justin’s tongue danced with Brian’s. Brian slipped on the sofa with him, pressing Justin tightly against the back of the sofa.

Dani didn’t know if she should smile or cry.  How could a father keep his own son away from the person he loved so much. She knew she had to give this child up.  She could only think about all the horrible things Craig did and this child deserved better than a mother who would always question his or her actions.  She was actually relieved she had made a decision.  She slipped down the hall and gave Brian and Justin privacy.

“Come on, Sunshine, time to wake up.  I was hoping you could wash my back in the shower.” Brian’s hand slid into his waistband.

“Ummmm, what time is it?” Justin said drowsily.  “Where am I? Oh ya, Dani.  I fell asleep while she was telling me something. Let me think…. She was telling me my dad had a sweet side but then I just couldn’t stay awake. I think she was going to tell me if Dad is the father of her baby.”

“We have a few months to find that out,” Brian said as he stood up.  “Let’s head to the house.  I really need a ‘shower’ before dinner.”

Justin moved his hand to cup Brian’s crotch.  “Yes, I would say you could use a shower, a cold one to take care of that,” Justin jumped up as Brian ended up sitting on the floor and grinned down at his lover. “Oops, I didn’t mean to do that.” 

Brian stood and slipped his arm around Justin’s waist.  “I missed you.  I like seeing you throughout the day.  Molly said you did some painting.”  They started moving toward the house.

“I did but it isn’t very good. I just don’t have the dexterity I need.”

“Well, as soon as we get back to the house I have the perfect exercise for your hand,”  Brian stopped walking and kissed him starting off lightly but increasingly demanding more from his mouth. 

“God, Brian,” Justin freed his mouth. “We need to get to our room.”

“Do we?” Brian took his hand and led him off the trail and ducked behind a gardeners shed. Before Justin realized it his pants were down and Brian was getting a condom out of his pocket.  Brian spread Justin’s legs a little further apart and then he pressed inward. Justin ejaculated almost immediately but Brian moved in and out, moving faster and faster, harder and harder. Just as Brian climaxed, Justin’s leg gave way under him. Brian found himself standing there with his pants around his ankles and Justin collapsed in a heap on the ground with a groan of pain. Brian quickly pulled up his pants as he dropped to his knees by Justin. 

“Oh, god, Sunshine, are you alright? What did I do? How stupid….” Brian kept mumbling as he helped Justin pull up his pants.  

“Brian, it is just this fucking leg.  It gave out.  I….It’s never….”  Brian watched Justin shut down again.  He blamed himself as he got him to his feet but now he was really limping.  Brian half carried him to the house and rather than taking him into the house, he stripped Justin’s shirt and pants off, leaving his briefs up and helped him into the hot tub.  He then did the same for himself and got in with him.  

Brian reached for his leg but Justin pushed him away.  He wouldn’t look Brian in the eye.  Molly walked out after watching Brian strip Justin and then himself.  

“Is something wrong?” she asked quietly, recognizing the look on her brother’s face. 

“Justin’s leg is giving him trouble.  Sweetheart, could you grab me a towel?”  Molly did as she was asked.  Brian slipped out, wrapping the towel around his waist.  “Mol, can you stay here with him? I am just going in to get his robe and put on my trunks in case he will let me back in.”

“Sure, I got this.” She looked Brian up and down, “You two didn’t just have a fight, did you?”

“No,” Brian mumbled, “I’ll be right back.”  

Jenn was watching from the kitchen.  Her first instinct was to go out and help her son but she had learned that Brian usually knew what he was doing when it came to Justin. But when Brian walked into the kitchen she could see he was shattered.  She didn’t know what occurred but she took him in her arms. He accepted it for a few moments but then suddenly broke away.  

“Don’t be nice to me!  I’m an asshole!” he turned and rushed to their room. He had to remember how fragile Justin was and his physical needs couldn’t be that important.  Brian stripped off his wet briefs and through himself on the bed. He needed to let him heal more.  He needed to follow Justin’s lead and he needed to be gentle with him physically and mentally.  Justin would get there but he had to be patient. But he loved him so much and he had gone two years without having him and now just looking at him made his heart skip a beat and he shouldn’t be… From now on Justin would take the lead and he would be so careful with him.

Molly kept her distance from Justin for a couple minutes but then she moved behind Justin and sat down behind him putting one leg on each side of his shoulders.  At first he was tense but she started massaging his head.  Head.  She was very gentle and as she did it she felt him relax.  Soon he let his head fall against her stomach. Then she softly said, “Is there anything I can do to help? Do you want me to stop rubbing?”

“No,” he responded softly  “Feels good.”

“Brian will be back soon.  Are you mad at him?” Silently he moved his head from side to side.  “I…”

Very softly Justin said, “I want my old body back.”  Molly could feel his body trembling and knew he had to be crying.

She put her arms around his neck and bent down to kiss his head.  “I’m just glad I have you at all.”

“Love you,” he said softly.

“I love you, too, Justin.”


Dani had walked up, far enough away that she couldn’t hear the conversation but, close enough to see something was going down.  She coughed, letting them know she was here but Justin didn’t respond at all.

“Hi, Dani, let me introduce you to my mom,” a glance into the house she saw Brian coming back out so she stood and walked with Dani toward the house.  Brian passed them as he went out and they went in.  “Hey, Mom, this is Dani.  Dani, this is my mom, Jennifer.” The women shook hands and exchanged pleasantries.  Dani asked if she could help with anything and Jenn directed Molly to show her where the dishes were and the two of them started setting the table as the three of them chattered.


Brian, now in his trunks dropped their robes onto a chair and he entered the water. “Sunshine, I’m going to touch your leg.  Does it feel like something broke or tore when you fell?” Justin shook his head. Brian knew the muscles in that leg just weren’t as strong and then with the neurological issues he had, no wonder he collapsed. He began to rub his leg.  “I am so sorry.  I didn’t mean to hurt you.  I just love you….. No more of this impulsive sex stuff.  I won’t let my lust hurt you.” 

Justin cringed as Brian rubbed his thigh but it did begin to loosen up. “We will need to go inside in a few minutes. Dinner is about ready.”

Justin took Brian’s hand and placed it on his crotch, “I love you. Need to make love.. Not impulsive. It’s life…” He moved so he could kiss him.


Dani glanced outside, “Did something happen to Justin? He was fine when they left my place although I think his leg was bothering him.”

“We aren’t sure,” Jenn responded.  “Somewhere between your place and here something happened and then Justin went back into himself and he will stay there until Brian brings him back to us again.  Sometimes that happens quicker than others.”

“I can’t be sure but things like this usually get better over time.  His brain will find ways around the injury.  I can see how far he has come already.” Dani laid her hand on Molly’s shoulder.  “It looked like you were helping him a lot.”

“Well whatever happened between them, Justin, well both of them, needed a few minutes apart and I know he usually has a headache.  I have seen Bri do that a lot.  Justin says it helps the pain.”

“Well, I can tell I will have lots of help getting Justin back to normal.”


A few minutes later, Brian and Justin came in.  Justin was limping quite badly but no one pushed for answers.  Throughout the meal Justin sat quietly but everyone else joined in the conversation although Brian  was a bit distracted making sure Sunshine was eating and didn’t need anything. By the time one of the guards showed up to walk Dani back to her place, she knew this had been the right decision.  These people cared so much about each other and she already felt welcome and like one of the family. She put her hand on her belly as she got into bed that night. Outloud she said, “These people really are your family, little one, and I know I need to tell them about you.”


Justin struggled to get up from the table and shrugged off Brian’s hand when he attempted to help.  Molly saw what was going on and she walked over to steady Justin as he got up. “Come on, big brother, let's get you to your bedroom.”  She didn’t say anything else and he accepted her assistance.  Brian watched them walk across the room but didn’t get up from the table.

“Brian, is there something I can do?”  Jenn asked as she put a hand on his shoulder.

 “No, I….we…,” he dropped his head into his hands where his elbows were on the table.  “I just want him better, not for me but for him.  This is killing him and …. I’m so tired and if I am I can only imagine how hard it is on him.”

Jenn bent and wrapped her arms around Brian from behind like she had seen him do to her son a hundred times.  “Brian, without you we wouldn’t have him at all.  He might have been physically alive in that apartment but he has come so far because of you. I don’t know what happened and I don’t care.  Just know that you are his everything right now and I can imagine how tiring that is.  If I can do anything for you, Brian….”

Brian squeezed her arms gently, “I know, Jenn, and I know he’s your son but he is my heart.  I need to do this.”


Molly asked Justin what he wanted to put on and she got out some briefs, shorts, and a T-shirt for him.  She turned her back while he got his shorts on and then she helped with his shirt.  He seemed almost too tired to raise his arms. Molly pulled the sheets back on the bed and helped him lie down.  “Justin, are you mad at Brian?” she sat down on the edge of the bed.

“No,” Justin said softly.

“He loves you.”

“I know.”

“Then why are you making it hard for him?”

“He deserves more than me. He could have the best.”

“He does have the best,” Molly kissed his cheek and walked out of the bedroom.  Brian was just giving her mom a hug and came toward her.

“How is he?”

“He just needs you. He might be sleeping.”

Brian hugged her, “Thank you.” He bent down and kissed her cheek. “Love you, Mollusk.” He then continued into the room.  He stripped off the robe and swim trunks he still had on under it and got into bed behind Justin. He started reaching for him but was afraid of the reaction and if he was sleeping already, he didn’t want to wake him. He softly said, “Sunshine?” but there was no response. “I love you, Justin,” and with that he turned his back to him and tried to sleep.

“I love you, too, Brian,” Justin mouthed the words but nothing came out.  He wondered if Brian would ever make love to him again.  He was so weak.  Brian was just feeling obligated now...wasn’t he? Sure he would protect the family.  That was the kind of man he was. He would never desert them.  Brian was too… Justin drifted off, thinking about the wonderful man lying next to him.  He needed to set him free somehow.  Brian deserved a better life than this.  The quicker they could get his father locked up, the quicker Brian would be free to go his own way.  


It was a quiet Saturday.  Justin got up early and went to the pool house to paint.  Brian decided to go into town to meet with Ted.  There were some papers that should be signed by Monday morning and, Brian needed to be honest, he needed a break.  He walked out to let him know where he was going.  He stood in the open door way and saw Justin sitting by the counter in the small kitchen with a block of clay in front of him.  It looked like he was sculpting a bust of someone but the details were not there yet.  

He didn't want to scare him, so he knocked on the door.  Justin jumped a bit and then turned to see who was there. “Hey, Sunshine, I have to meet with Ted in a little bit.” Brian walked over to Justin and put a hand on his shoulder. “Is there anything you need from town?” He bent down and kissed him below his ear. He wanted to do so much more.  Justin had slipped out before he was even awake this morning. The fact that he didn’t wake him told him a lot.

“No.  Say hi.  Would like to see him and Blake,” for just a moment Justin leaned against Brian.  He needed to feel the heat from his body.

“I will see if we can set up a night soon. I know they would like to see you, too.” Brian moved so he could see more of the sculpture.

“Don’t look.  It is horrible. I can’t do anything anymore.” Justin wouldn’t meet his eyes.

Brian looked anyway.  Now he could see it was Justin.  It was a warped view of himself but it was definitely him. He turned Justin’s head so he had to meet his gaze. “Did I … what can I… well, if you don’t need anything, I better go.” Brian tilted Justin’s head and brought his mouth down on Justin’s. When he ended the kiss he looked deep into his eyes. “I love you, Sunshine.  I will be back by dinner.”  He hesitated at the door hoping Justin would say something in return but when nothing came he left the pool house. 

Justin watched him walk away.  “Why did this have to be so hard? He loved him so much and knew but Brian seemed to love him, too.  Could he really love him? What did he have to offer someone like Brian? He couldn’t even have sex with him without his body giving out.  He was useless!

Justin turned back to the clay and made his features even more distorted as he continued to work on the project.


Ted waited for Brian to arrive at the office.   He knew these papers had to be signed but he had a feeling there was more to it.  He heard a tone in Brian’s voice he didn’t hear often.  In fact, he only heard it when it had to do with Justin.  In their conversations, Brian said he was improving every day. Could that have been a smoke screen?  He hadn’t seen Justin in weeks.  Maybe he wasn’t making progress.  

When Brian walked in, Ted saw a tiredness on his face.  He walked over to the fridge in his office, “You have a driver, right?” Brian nodded. Ted pulled out a couple beers and handed one to him. Brian opened his and downed the whole thing.  Ted handed him the second and threw the papers down in front of him.  “Sign these before you are too shitfaced to sign and then tell Uncle Ted all about your problems.”

Brian grabbed the pen Ted offered and signed every place Ted pointed. “These all stayed the same from what you emailed, right?” Brian trusted Ted explicitly.  He couldn’t run the business without him.  Once he was finished he picked up the second bottle and took one long swig. “So it is that obvious?”

“It probably wouldn’t be to anyone else.  You still have the strut that most men, well gay men, would die to see without clothes.”

“It’s been a long time since I’ve been anywhere someone was watching.”

“You chose that when Justin was missing.  Are you regretting locking yourself away for two….”

“Theodore, I did not lock myself away.  I built this company with you and Cynthia and I couldn’t ask for two better partners. If I hadn’t worked like I did for those two years I couldn’t afford what I am doing now.”

“So is the mood because of the court case? Did Mel run into a wall with Craig?”

“No, they are coming for lunch tomorrow,” Brian smiled just thinking about his boy coming. “I might see if they will let us keep Gus for a few days.  Maybe having him around…” Brian took another sip of his beer. “Fuck, Ted, I am screwing this all up! I hurt him and I think I am adding extra pressure that I don’t mean to.”

“By hurt, do you mean physically or emotionally?”

“I think both!  I just missed him so much and he wants more than he is probably ready for.”

“So are you beating yourself up because of what you think you did or did you really do something to hurt him?”

“I couldn’t wait to get him home so I screwed him outside and his leg gave out.”

“I am sure you didn’t force yourself on him.”

“No, but I’m the one who can think things through.  His mind sometimes still takes time to process…”

“Brian, you loved the man who loves you.”

“Ted, it’s not that easy.  He totally shut down again last night.  Sometimes it only takes minutes for him to sort of reboot but this morning he was still withdrawn and he …”  he drained the second beer.  “I just love him so much and I don’t think he understands he means more to me now than ever before.”

Ted walked to the fridge and got two more beers, this time keeping one for himself.  He took a swallow.  “I can’t say I know what you’re going through because no one can know that, but you know Blake had drug problems back then.  He would be so confident when he was high but when he came down he was full of self doubt.  He was so much better than he thought.”

“I know I haven’t asked.  How is it going with him living with you?” Brian watched Ted’s face.

“It’s working.  It is actually working well.  I love having him there when I get home or start making dinner for him so it is ready when he gets home and just to know there is someone in bed with you….”  Ted saw the look that crossed Brian’s face.  “I’m sorry, Brian.”

“Don’t be.  I am happy for you.  You know I didn’t like Blake the Twink but as he grew up, I can see he has a lot of good qualities and he makes you happy.”  Brian drained the third beer and stood, walking to the fridge and taking out another two beers.  He opened them both and handed one to Ted, who was just finishing his first.  “Do you have a ride home?”

“Blake is picking me up whenever I call him.  It’s been a busy week and we both have been working…”

“And I call you into work on Saturday.  Go!  Call him.  Don’t let me keep you.”

“Brian, I have time.  We will have the rest of the day.”

“Ted, I hope that Craig is locked up next week.  Once he is, Justin would like to get together with the two of you.  He feels safe with you and Blake and, hell Ted, I just need someone to tell me he is the same man I fell in love with, tell me he is worth fighting for.”

“There is no doubt he is worth fighting for but as soon as he is locked up, we will go out and celebrate.” Ted pulled out his phone and responded to a text from Blake.  “He’ll be here in about ten minutes.  Is there anything else I or we can do for you?”

“Ted, you are doing more than I should expect.  When you come out to visit, I want you to look at the estate and tell me what you think about me buying it.  Look into my finances and let me know what I can afford.”

Brian grabbed a beer as he left the office, locking up before getting into the town car.  “To the Estate, Brian?”

“Yes...No, wait is there a jewelry store open nearby?”

“I think there’s one just down the road.  It’s in that little mall.”  He drove in silence until he stopped in front of a little family owned jewelry store. He went to the door and was buzzed in.  The driver stayed in the car, not expecting anyone to be following them but he still kept alert. 

Brian didn’t know what he wanted to get him but he needed to show him that he was committed to him, no matter what. He looked at bracelets and rings. He decided that he hoped in the next year he would have a reason to buy him a ring and a bracelet just didn’t mean anything.  Then he saw it.  There was a selection of platinum keychains.  He looked at them and then found it.  It was simple and sleek. On one side they would put their initials entwined with the word ‘Forever’ under them. The other side was the word STRONG done in bezel set sapphires and diamonds.

“When can you have this completed?” Brian asked.

“I am afraid it will be next weekend.  My engraver is on vacation until Wednesday.  I could try and get someone else but my guy is the best.”

“Next weekend is fine,” Brian agreed.  He hoped Justin didn’t need that long to come back to him but the way he was this morning, it might take him that many days.  He just hoped Justin felt better soon. He hated seeing him so withdrawn again.


Molly and Dani spent a good part of the day by the pool.  Jenn joined them part of the time.  After Molly did a lot of persuading, Justin agreed to join them in the pool.  Molly grabbed his trunks and brought them to the pool house and then, when he had changed, Molly walked with him to the steps of the pool.  His leg was very stiff and, when Molly told Dani that, she said the pool would be good for Justin. 

Once he was in the water, Dani came over to him.  “I know I don’t start until Monday, officially, but it looks like your leg has tightened up. This is the perfect place to loosen it up.  Are you game?”  Justin nodded but didn’t say anything.  For the next thirty minutes she had him walking and then had him sitting on the steps and stretched the now warmed muscles. 

Finally she held a stretch and pushed it further than before. “Fuck! Enough! That hurts and I am done!” He stood and looked at Molly, “Help me to my room.”  

Just as he made the demand on Molly, Brian walked out of the house. “I’ll help you, Sunshine.” Justin jumped at the sound of his voice but to Brian’s surprise he didn’t object. He turned and, using the rail on the steps he got out of the pool and then allowed Brian to take his arm at the elbow and put his other arm around Justin’s waist.  When they got into their room, Brian turned so he stood in front of Justin.  “What can I do for you, Sunshine?  Would you like some clothes and then maybe take a nap?”

Justin leaned against Brian feeling so tired he couldn’t move. “Nap, no clothes.” Brian helped him get his trunks off and dried off the last drops of water and then helped him into bed. He wasn’t sure what to do so Brian started to step away but Justin caught his hand, “Stay.”

“Sunshine, if I stay I’m afraid I’ll need to love you and I don’t want to hurt you again.”

“Love me. Need you.”

“But I hurt you when we…”

“Love didn’t hurt. Leg…”  Justin reached out and tugged at Brian’s pants. “Love me.”

Brian undressed and climbed in next to him.  Face to face, they began to kiss and their hands began to roam and soon they were pressed tightly against each other. It wasn’t long and Justin reached over Brian and grabbed a condom.  He slipped it on him before he turned away from him. Brian reached around him and began to stroke him as he slowly moved into him. Justin cried out a bit but then Brian felt him relax. He moved slowly and showed enough restraint that he didn’t cause his leg more discomfort. As soon as they both climaxed Brian clung to him, wanting to stay like this forever as they both fell asleep. 

When Brian woke, Justin was still sound asleep.  Carefully, he moved away and slipped on a robe before going out into the main room Molly and Jenn were eating by the kitchen bar.  “Oh, Brian, I didn’t know if you two were…”

“Jenn, you don’t have to wait on us.  Sunshine is still sleeping but I think he will be awake soon so I thought I would just grab some cheese and crackers and some lunch meat.” Brian pulled some food out of the refrigerator and the cupboard and put it on a tray.  He grabbed some water and a bottle of wine with a couple glasses.

Molly jumped off the stool she was sitting on and grabbed a bunch of grapes and put them on the tray.  “You are going to need something sweet.”

“Thanks, Mollusk.  You’re right, Justin does have a sweet tooth.”  He picked up the tray, “Tomorrow, Mel and Lindz are going to be here for lunch again, with Gus,” he winked at Molly.  I am planning on having the meal delivered so you don’t have to worry about it.”

“I could make something,” Jenn said.

“You are supposed to be on vacation, not playing maid.”

“How about Molly and I make a dessert?” she looked at Molly who was nodding.  

“It’s been a long time since we did that, Mom.  That would be fun,” Molly smiled and rushed upstairs to look for a recipe.


The next morning Brian woke to the feel of Justin’s lips on his jaw and then his chin and eventually on his lips. “Now this is the way to wake up,” Brian pulled Justin close and then positioned his hand on his ass with his finger playing on his bud.  “Sunshine, how is your leg feeling.”

“It’s feeling better.” He moved his leg back and forth.  Brian took advantage of the chance to let his finger enter him. “Oh, that feels much better.” Brian began to stroke his prostate and soon he watched the pleasure come over Justin’s face as he came all over Brian. 

“Justin, I’m sorry about yesterday.”

“Brian, it was my fault. I just couldn’t get my words out and I was so frustrated that I couldn't get my body to work. I hate it.”

“Sunshine, we’ll get through this together.  We are both learning from this.  I’m sorry I overreacted and didn’t dare to touch you.  I just don’t want to make anything worse.”

“Loving me can not make it worse, I promise.”  Justin brought his lips to Brian’s and they spent another twenty minutes talking, touching, and kissing.


At 12:30 Justin met their guests at the door. He took Gus from Mel and kissed and hugged him before passing him to Molly, not daring to walk with him yet.  He took Lindsay’s arm as they walked toward the main room.  “Justin, did you hurt yourself again this week?”

“Not really, but I did overstrain it.  Luckily my therapist moved in this weekend so hopefully I will keep getting better now.” 

Mel walked over to Brian and quietly said, “You hurt him fucking him, didn’t you?”  The devastation that crossed Brian’s face had her soften her tone.  “I’m sure it wasn’t anything serious.  I’m sorry, Brian. You just have the effect on me that turns off all my filters.”

Soon everyone was around the table eating lunch.  Dani had come to eat and Mel planned to interview her after the meal.  Her testimony was important to get Craig arrested and charged.  She was the only one they knew Craig had confided in, in that time. Mel was sure if she was charged with something they would drop the charges for her cooperation.

Molly and Lindsay moved out to the pool with Gus while the rest sat around the table.  “Tomorrow morning I will get the paperwork together and if everything goes well I will meet with the judge Tuesday some time.”

Justin squeezed Brian’s hand as he began to speak. “Does that mean Dad might be arrested this week sometime?”

“Well, that is up to the police and the judge but I would guess he will at least be under surveillance early this week.”

“Mel, will you be told ahead of time when it is going down?” Brian asked her.

“Brian, they really don’t like interference or an audience,” Mel said snidely and she changed the subject.

Soon everyone was out at the pool and at one point Brian saw Mel by herself at the end of the pool.  He moved away from Justin and cornered Mel.  “I want to know when this is going to happen.”

“Brian, seriously, I don’t expect Craig to try to get away or anything but if he sees you…”

“I plan to be there ahead of the police.”

“Brian, you aren’t going to do anything impulsive are you?”

“Oh no, trust me, it will be well planned out. I know exactly what I am going to say that will cause him to swing at me and I plan to cause injury before the police arrive.” The look on Brian’s face almost scared her.  

“Brian, please be careful. I totally understand why you feel the way you do but I don’t want to have to bail you out of jail and Lindz will make me because you’re Gus’s father. And you know Justin couldn’t deal with that right now.  I have to admit I am a little worried about him having to testify but that could still be a couple months away.”

“Well, I think Dani is going to be a lot of help and if he is stronger physically I really think he will be stronger mentally and by that I just mean things will be easier for him.”

Mel watched Justin coming across the pool toward them.  When he got close enough Brian pulled him against him and kissed him. One kiss led to two and then Mel decided to walk away before she saw both of them naked again. After several minutes alone at the end of the pool they decided  they better separate.  

“Can we go play with Gus?” Justin asked.  “I love him, you know.”

“I do know that and he better be the only other ‘boy’ you love.”

“Of course, Kinney men are hard to resist.” Brian pulled Justin across the pool and they spent the next hour with Gus, first in the pool and then they went inside so both Gus and Justin could rest.  Soon they were snuggled up together in Justin and Brian’s room, sound asleep.  


As the afternoon wound down Molly walked over to Mel, “Will you tell me the truth?”

“Of course I will. What do you need to know?”

“What could happen to my dad?”

“Well, Molly.  I think he will go to jail for a while.  I don’t think it will be too long but it could be a couple years but it could just be a few months.”

“A couple years sounds like a long time,” Molly said, a little anxious.

“Molly, you know your dad did something wrong and he has to pay for his mistakes.  Don’t you think he should spend at least as much time in jail as he kept Justin away from you?”

“I never thought of it that way.” 

Jenn walked up and put an arm around her daughter.  “Molly, why don’t you go say goodbye to Gus.” She rushed away and then looked at Mel, “She’s concerned about her father and what will happen to him.  Do you think once he’s been arrested she will be able to see him?  I think she is going to need to confront him herself.”

“Jenn, we will be able to work something out, I’m sure.”  

After everyone said goodbye and Mel and Lindz and Gus left, Jenn and Molly went upstairs while Brian and Justin sat on the sofa watching a movie.  Brian could tell Justin was distracted. “What is it, Sunshine?” he asked as he shut the movie off.

“Is he really going to be charged this week?”

“Well, Mel seems to think he is.”

“I don’t know if I can face him.  I mean after everything he said, everything he did.  And then I think about Chris Hobbs.  Will he just be let out of jail? What if he is mad and comes back and tries to finish the job.” He stopped talking for a minute.  “I know that’s stupid.  I am just having a hard time processing all the new information.”

Brian stood and offered Justin his hand.  “Let’s go finish watching this movie in bed. We can talk about this there.”

Five minutes later Justin was cocooned in Brian’s arms as they laid in bed, the movie playing softly in the background.  “Sunshine, it could still be months before the trial takes place and between your therapy with Dani and our therapy in bed, I am betting you will be ready for whatever is needed.”

“I hope you’re right. My leg really does feel a lot better today after just one session with her yesterday. There’s just one problem.”

“What’s that?” Brian asked as he kissed his temple.

“I think we need to at least double our bedroom sessions, starting right away.”

Brian smiled as Justin rolled so he lay partially on top of him, “Well, I am willing to see if I am up to the challenge.” Justin’s mouth came down on Brian’s as Brian’s hand grasped for the remote and the TV went off.

 

Chapter 6 by Simply written

Chapter 6


Everyone was on edge at the estate.  They tried to go on with their daily activities but everyone wondered when Mel would call.  Justin worked with Dani a couple hours each  morning and then another hour in the afternoon.  Brian spent his day working.  He also spent time getting updates on Craig’s activities. 

Brian noticed  Jenn was acting odd.  Her phone must have been on silent but she was picking it up and looking at it frequently.  When someone mentioned it she just said she had some work she had to keep track of but by Wednesday, Brian knew something had to be wrong.  When he came out of the office to grab a bite for lunch he caught her sitting at the kitchen counter with her head in her hands.

“Jenn?” he put a hand on her back. She jumped about six inches off the stool.  “I’m sorry but what’s wrong? It is so obvious that….”

“It’s Craig.  I haven’t responded, hoping he would think I changed numbers but he isn’t giving up.  He has been texting every five minutes for the last two days.  He must have some automated system because he hasn’t stopped for more than 48 hours.”  Her whole body was trembling now as he put his arms around her.

“Jenn, you should have told someone.  You should have called Mel or the police. He isn’t supposed to contact you.”  Brian was too angry to just stand there holding her.  “I would love to just hire someone and….”

Molly walked in the kitchen, “Mom, what’s wrong? Did something happen to Daddy? Did they arrest him?”  Brian spun on her and was about to lose all control but then he looked at her face.  Molly had seen the hate in his eyes and, although he hadn’t meant to emit his hatred of her father  at her for that split second she felt the full brunt of his anger.  She started walking backward to put space between them. “What did I do, Brian? What…” 

Jenn rushed to her daughter, “Molly, you didn’t do anything.  Brian isn’t mad at you, really.  He just found out something and…”

Brian took a deep breath and took a step toward Molly and Jenn but Molly ducked behind her mom.  “Molly, sweetheart, I am sorry.  I…”  Brian’s phone beeped.  “Fuck, I have to get this.”  He rushed to his office to see what Mel had to tell him. “Spill!” Brian shouted into the phone.

“I love you, too, Kinney. I just wanted to let you know that everything is going before the judge this afternoon.”

“And how long will it be before we hear anything?” 

“Depends on the judge. If he looks at  the findings and agrees with it, it could be turned over to the police in maybe 48 hours, but my guess it will be next week before everything is in place. Brian, I know you are an obnoxious man but right now, I get the feeling I interrupted something….shit, are you and Justin fucking?”

“No, awe shit, I need to go find Molly.  By the way, Jenn is getting texts from the asshole every five minutes for two days now. Is there anything we can do?”

“I will add that information to the file but it might work in our favor if she can just ignore it. Tell her to just leave the phone.  Turning it off might be best.”  

Brian didn’t say goodbye.  He just ended the call.  He was sure he heard Mel mumbling until the call was disconnected.  He took a deep breath and left the office to find Molly.  He found Jenn in the kitchen but Molly was nowhere to be seen. He looked at Jenn, “Where is she?”

“She is in her room but I don’t think she wants to see you right now.”

“I know but I need to go out for a while and I need to talk to her before that.”

“Do you know something?  Who was on the phone?” Jenn demanded.

“It was Mel.  Everything is going to the judge today.”

“Brian, you aren’t going to see him, are you?”

“I’ll talk to Sunshine before I go. I might be gone overnight so he might freak out a bit.” 

“Brian, confronting Craig isn’t going to help anything.”

“I need to talk to Molly.” Brian took the steps two at a time.  He went to Molly’s door and knocked. “Molly, I need to talk to you, now!”  Brian took a deep breath.  He needed to change his tone or she would never let him in. He was sure he heard her shut the bathroom door.  He reached to the top of the door and found the key, letting himself in. “Molly, come out.  I don’t have time for this and I need to talk to you.” He pulled a chair up to the bathroom door and sat down.  “Molly, I am sorry.  I wasn’t angry with you.  You just happened to be in the way but Molly, I am leaving and you are going to have to help with Justin.”

Now the bathroom door swung open. “You promised Justin you wouldn’t leave him,” she came out swinging at him.  “If you leave him he is going to disappear inside himself.  You’re a liar. I will never speak to you again if you….” Then the tears started rolling down her cheeks and Brian pulled her into his arms.

“Sweetheart, I’m not leaving Justin.  I just have to go away.  I don’t expect you to understand. I don’t think I want you to but what I need from you is to have you help him understand.  I will be back.  I just need to do a couple things.  I plan to go talk to him but you might need to remind him for me.”

“Brian, I have never seen you look so mad. What made you so angry? You never get that mad at Justin do you?”

“Molly, if I get mad at him, my love is always greater than my anger.” He looked at his watch.  “Shit, I want to talk to him before he starts working with Dani.  I will be in touch.” He kissed her cheek and was gone.   Molly was so confused.  She wasn’t sure what was going on but as scary as he was, Molly trusted Brian.  

Brian wasn’t sure where Justin was but after checking in their room he rushed out to the pool house.  “Sunshine, are you…” Justin sat by the counter. The bust sat in front of him.  Half of the head was definitely Justin but the other half was distorted and stretched out at odd angles. “Oh, Justin, is that how you feel?”

“A lot of the time.  The only time I know I will feel normal is when we are together.  Then I feel…. I feel like me. Did you need something? I thought you’d be working and Dani will be here in a few minutes.”

“I need to talk to you.” Justin tensed and Brian reached out and touched his cheek.  He then put his hand on the back of Justin’s head and kissed him. Justin was careful not to touch Brian’s shirt with his hands but put his arms around Brian’s neck, linking his own fingers.  By the time they separated, neither of them wanted to.

“What did you need to talk to me about?” Justin kissed him once more.

“Fuck, you aren’t making this easy.  I need to head into town and I think I might just stay at the loft for the night.”

“Why? Is there something with work? Do you have a conference call or something?”

“No, Sunshine. I just…”

“You promised you’d never leave me! Brian, I can’t….” Justin’s leg started buckling so Brian helped him sit down. “What are you going to town for?  Who are you going to be with?”

“Oh, Justin, I’ll be back.  I just am not sure when.”

“Why won’t you answer my question? What are you going to do?”

Brian took him in his arms and kissed him.  It was hard to step back but when he did, he looked into Justin’s face.  “You trust me, right?”

“I do but my brain will freak out when I don’t know where you are.” Justin stopped for a moment and then his voice began to rise. “This has to do with my dad, doesn’t it?  You are going to do something stupid.  Brian, I can’t let you.  I need you here.  He kept us from each other for two years.  You can’t do this!”  Justin had forgotten about his dirty hand and had grabbed Brian’s shirt.  Brian’s arms went around him.                                      

“Am I interrupting something?” Dani had walked in and from her vantage point it appeared Justin was pushing Brian away.  She walked directly over to Justin.

“Dani, can you give us a couple minutes,” Brian snapped.

“No, I can’t, as long as you have your hands on him.”  Dani snapped.

Justin and Brian just stared at her for a second before Justin let go of Brian’s shirt and laid his head on Brian’s chest.  “Dani, Brian would never hurt me. We are just having a loud disagreement.”

“Dani,” Brian started, “you actually can help me out.  I have to go into town and will probably be spending the night so Justin is concerned he will have a panic attack.  Maybe you can help him come up with a coping mechanism.”

Brian turned back to Justin, “Sunshine, I love you.  I will text you later tonight.” He pulled him close and kissed him, not giving him a chance to talk. 

As Brian broke the connection, Justin began to cry, “Brian, please don’t go.  He’s not worth it.  I need….”  Dani hugged Justin and Brian broke into a jog to get out of earshot.

Brian entered the main house and moved toward their room just as Jenn came down to spend time by the pool.  “Brian, is everything alright?”

“I am going to the city for the night.”

“Does Justin know?”

“Yes, he does. Dani is working with him right now.”

‘Brian, this isn’t going to be good for him.  He is going to be very unhappy. Does he know why you are going into town?”

“He guessed it had to do with his dad.  I didn’t give him details.”      

“What are the details?”

“Jenn, don’t answer the phone.  Mel wants the phone log so she can show it to the judge.”

“Brian, you are avoiding my question.”

“That is exactly what your son just said to me.” Brian went into their room. “FUCK!” he screamed as he stripped off his shirt.  He threw a few things in an overnight bag and pulled on a fresh shirt before leaving the house.  An hour later a driver had dropped him off at the loft and he was pulling out in his own jeep. 

Brian arrived at the office where Cynthia greeted him with a hug, “I didn’t know you were coming in!”

“I didn’t know  I was coming in until this morning.”

“How’s Justin doing?”  Cynthia followed him into his office.

“He’s getting better.  I wouldn’t have left him if I didn’t think… shit, Cynthia. I hated leaving him but it’s the jackass.  I just get the feeling that he might try something.  I don’t know if he has tracked them down or if he is going to run but I know he is desperate.”

“Brian, don’t take this wrong but you look …. Well I thought you were finally so happy because of Justin and now…”

“Once he is locked away and I know my family is safe, my world can go back to normal.  Justin can recover without the worry of him showing up.”

“You two deserve a break.  Maybe after this is all done you two can get time away.”

“Oh, Cynthia, I can only dream of that.  Do you still have those friends with a house on Lake Erie?”

“Oh, my aunt and uncle’s place.  That would be a perfect place for the two of you.  Are you going to keep the estate? I heard you could get a really good deal with Jenn’s help.”

“Well,  I think she could have gotten the deal for anyone.  But, ya, Ted is checking into me buying it.  It is perfect for Justin to have an art studio and Molly would enjoy visiting and there is room for Gus,” Brian’s voice got soft.  “I miss my boy.  I don’t see him often enough.”  

Cynthia touched his shoulder and he turned to her.  She hugged him tight.  “Brian, no one deserves an easy time more than you and Justin.”

Ted knocked on the office door. “I heard you were….oh, am I interrupting something?” Ted saw Brian and Cynthia together.  

“No, Theodore.  I am on my way out again.  I just stopped by to grab a couple reports.  Did you put together my financials?”  Brian said as he walked to his desk, picking up a couple folders.

“Yes, it is there. You will see that the numbers will work out without an issue unless the company falls apart and there are no signs that that is going to happen.” 

“Thanks.”  Brian looked at his partners. “If it wasn’t for the two of you….” Brian paused.  “I’m out of here. Hopefully in the next couple weeks things will start getting back to normal.”

“Brian, where are you going?” Ted asked but Brian left his office without another word.  “Did he tell you where he was going?”

“All I know is it has to do with Craig. I hope he isn’t doing something stupid.”              


Brian’s private investigator had been following Craig part time for several weeks.  Brian had a list of places to ‘accidentally’ run into him.  He had a feeling as soon as the word got out, Craig wouldn’t be seen in public and he was sure they were already aware something was going on.  He had to be on edge and Brian was going to make sure he had a chance to look Craig in the eye and  speak his mind.  

The PI had told Brian that Craig had become a creature of habit. He tended to go to the same places weekly so Brian hoped if he didn’t catch him tonight, he would get him in the morning.  He really didn’t want to be away from Justin longer than that.  He knew how hard it was on Sunshine but it was almost as hard on him.  Brian parked near Craig’s duplex.  The PI was outside of Craig’s store and contacted Brian when Craig left.  A few minutes later Brian saw him come around the corner and pull into his garage.  The door went down and Brian saw a shadow pass the window.  He watched the door while he reviewed the report Ted had put together for him.  He was impressed with the numbers.  He had hired a good staff.  Even with him being gone as much as he had been the last couple months, Kinnetik was thriving.  He knew he could afford the estate.  At least he knew he could keep Justin  feeling secure there.


“FUCK! That hurts like hell! That’s enough for today!”  Justin pulled his hand out of Dani.

“You can be done if you come to the pool with me for a half hour.  You know walking in the pool always makes you feel better, even when you don’t want to.”

Justin grumbled but went to the bedroom of the pool house and put on his trunks.  Dani changed in the bathroom and they walked out to the pool together.  Justin got in the pool and started walking laps.  He hated to admit it but the water therapy really did make his leg feel better and working with the clay seemed to be helping his hand.  He had noticed his fingers had more strength. He knew Dani was giving him directions but he wasn’t listening and after a few minutes she quit talking.  She sat on the steps of the pool and watched Justin go back and forth, going a little faster and a little faster.  

“Hey, Justin, why don’t you start slowing down.  You need to let your muscles start cooling…..”  she knew he wasn’t listening.  She walked out and blocked his path. “Justin, you need to start relaxing.”  Now she looked into his eyes and saw the tears in his eyes.  She put an arm around him and felt his body tremble. “Let’s sit down.” Dani led him out of the water and to a chair in the shade.  She then walked over and got him a beer and water for herself.  “Want to talk about it?”

“There’s nothing to talk about. Brian left me.  He said he wouldn’t ever leave me but where is he? He wouldn’t even tell me what he was going to do, where he was going to go.  I know it has to do with Dad.  What did you see in him?  How could you have been with him? At least you found someone else and this baby….”

Dani bit her tongue.  She wanted to tell him but she knew now wasn’t the time.  He needed to know that she was carrying his brother or sister. She sipped her water, “Justin, I have never seen two people love like you two do.  That’s why I told your dad what he was doing was wrong.  It was like he had a blind spot when it came to you.”

“Not a blind spot!  He just hated the fact that after I met Brian, I had enough courage to stand up for myself and he couldn’t deal with not having total control over his family.  It was all my fault so after I had been bashed he saw the opportunity to get me back.  At that point he didn’t care about  Mom or Molly.  He knew I was an easy target.”

“I think you’re right about that.  He figured he could get his son back. He honestly thought you had chosen to be gay and he could ‘change’ you.  How could he think being like him …”

“My father wasn’t a bad man as long as we were his perfect family.” Justin got a distant look on his face, “Molly has suffered the most and it was my fault.  If I hadn’t left, Mom and Dad would probably still be married and Molly wouldn’t have had to go through any of this.  Why did I have to look for love? If I would have waited until I was out of the house …. Maybe this wouldn’t have all….”

“Justin, you had to be who you are.  Postponing it wouldn’t have changed you, it would have just changed the timeline. You were meant to find Brian that night.  I have never seen two people more perfect for each other.”

“Then where is he?” Justin began to fall apart as she watched.

Dani wasn’t sure where they came from but Jenn and Molly swooped in and led Justin toward the house.  Jenn looked back at her and said, “Thank you, Dani.  We’ve got him.” 

An hour later Justin was sitting on the sofa with Molly next to him.  Jenn was making dinner for the three of them but she was fairly sure Justin wouldn’t eat much.  He had calmed down a bit but he was watching TV without seeing it.


Brian was sure, an hour later, that Craig was in for the night.  He would have left by now if he was going out to dinner.  He must have fended for himself tonight.  Brian was glad he had grabbed water and some fruit to eat.  He should have brought more. Oh, well, eating Jenn’s cooking had helped him put on a few times.  He should be eating less anyway.  He picked up his phone and texted Justin, ‘Hello, Sunshine, how was your afternoon?’

Justin pulled his phone out and saw it was from Brian.  Molly moved to the kitchen so he had some privacy.  He responded, ‘I miss you so much.  Are you safe? Where are you?’

‘I am safe.  I hope to be home by noon.’

‘Too long’ Justin responded.

‘I’ll call you tonight. I love you, Sunshine.’

‘Call me at 9:00’

Brian knew he was being dismissed at that point.  He hoped Justin would eat something now.  He was sure Jenn would have dinner ready soon.  She almost always had the meal ready about 7:00.  As he sat there thinking about Justin, a light came on at Craig’s. He cringed as he saw Craig pacing back and forth in front of the window with his phone in his hand.  He wondered how many texts Jenn had gotten by now.  Brian let his mind wander to everything he wanted to do to that man.


After texting with Brian, Justin managed to eat some of the meal Jenn had made.  He realized she had made one of his favorites and he hated disappointing her.  Jenn was glad he was at least getting something down.  She realized it had been a very long time that she had been alone with her children. 

“Justin, it looks like Dani is very good at her job.  You are walking so much better and I noticed you are using your hand to eat.”

“She’s a slave driver,” he gave his mom a slight smile. “Dani knows what she’s doing but I am really tired. This is good, Mom.  I’m sorry I didn’t eat much of it.”

“There will be plenty left over.  When Brian gets back you will feel like eating more.” She hesitated but continued, “Has he said when he is coming back?”

“By lunch.  He promised he would be home by lunch tomorrow. Did he tell you where he was going?”

Jenn glanced at Molly, “I know it had to do with your father but he didn’t tell me anything.”

“I think he wants to hurt Daddy,” Molly blurted out.  “Isn’t the judge going to hurt him enough!” She bit her lip as soon as the words came out. “I know he did bad stuff.  I’m sorry, Justin, that he did what he did to you but he isn’t the one that hit you.”

“Molly, I think…” Jenn tried to stop her from going on.

Molly jumped up, “I know.  Justin is the only one that counts right now.  Maybe you’d rather I wasn’t here at all now that Justin is back!” She rushed out the door to the pool area. 

Jenn stood to follow her but Justin stopped her, “Give her a few minutes.  Hell, she’s almost 13 years old. That is hard enough and then she has to deal with me.”

“Honey, she doesn’t mean it.”

“Mom, I think I know what she feels.  Even I wish Dad wasn’t the man he is.  Of course, I would love a relationship with him but that can’t happen if he won’t accept me.” Justin helped clear the table with Jenn and then said, “I’ll go find her.”

“Thank you, Justin, but I think I need to take care of this. I wonder about how good a mom I was while you were gone.  I won’t blame myself but I need to deal with it.”

“Mom, she knows you’re a good mom.” Justin kissed his mom and watched her walk out to find her daughter. Justin paced back and forth.  He had forgotten how much he hated being alone, especially after dark.  He wanted Brian.  He needed him but he couldn’t bother him now.  He had to give Brian a little space.  If he pushed him, Brian might stay away more and more.

Jenn scanned the pool area looking for Molly.  Finally in the far corner of the pool deck she saw movement.  She made some noise so she didn’t scare Molly.   “Hey, Mol,” Jenn sat on the end of the lounge chair.  “I’m sorry.  I know the last two years have been hell for you.  Your father left us and I know I was too distracted to give you the attention you needed.”

“Mom, I didn’t mean what I said.  You are always there for me.  I am so mad at Daddy.  Why doesn’t he want me?  I don’t know why he can’t accept Justin but what did I do for him to leave me?”

“Oh, sweetie, your father was always very focused so when he stole Justin, he had to focus on him.  I would guess he planned to come back for you once he had ‘control’ of Justin. And it wouldn’t surprise me if he would then expect me to go back to him but your father and I were already on rocky ground and I think when you needed me the most I emotionally abandoned you.  You were so mature and you just seemed to handle it.”

“Mom, have you told me everything? Mel hasn’t told you anymore has she?”

“No, she expects the case will start soon.  When it’s over she expects he will spend some time in jail but she doesn’t think it will be that long.  And, Molly, if you want to see him, we will make that happen.”

“What if Justin gets mad at me?”

“Your brother loves you more than he hates his father. He wants you to be happy. That is what he wants for all of us.” Molly’s head dropped on her mom’s shoulder.  “I’m sorry for what I said.  You never chose Justin over me. Of course you talked about him.  You thought  you had lost him forever.”

Jenn wrapped her arms around Molly.  “I love you, Molly Taylor.  You are the most amazing young woman. What do you say we go in so I can get dinner cleaned up and then you and I can watch a movie or play a game.  Maybe Justin will play with us.”

“He won’t.  In fact, I am sure he is bugging being in the house alone.”

“You are such an amazing sister.  I hadn’t even thought about that.”  Molly stood and offered her mom a hand and they walked to the house together.


Justin had gone to his room but he hated being in there without Brian and Brian wasn’t calling for another hour. He sat down and grabbed a sketch pad he kept in there and started drawing. He planned to draw a picture of Molly but instead his father loomed on the page. It was the father he remembered as a child.  He had a gentler look back then. He didn’t remember even drawing it but there he was, looking back at him. He threw the tablet across the room.  Just as it thumped against the wall there was a knock on the door.

“Justin, may I come in?” Molly’s voice came through the door as she tried to turn the knob..

Justin walked over and unlocked it. “Sorry, I just…..I don’t like being in the house alone so I locked it when I came in here.”

“Justin, you may lock the door if you want to.  I just wanted you to know Mom and I are back in the house and we aren’t going anywhere.”  Justin sat on the loveseat in the room and as Molly walked over to him she picked up the sketch pad.  She looked at it and saw her father’s face. “Oh, Justin, I remember Daddy looking like this sometimes.  I remember him pushing me on a swing in a park.  I think we were on vacation. He loved us then and that’s the father I want to spend time with again.”

“Molly, I hope, for your sake, that you will get to spend time with him again, if you want to. If you want that just take it.  I don’t even remember drawing it.  Can you leave me alone, now?” He said it gently.  “I think I just need to… I need Brian.” Tears started running down his cheeks but when Molly stepped toward him he put up a hand.  “Mollusk, really, I just need, I love you but..”

“Ok, Justin.  If you need me, come upstairs or I will come down here if you want.”

“Thanks, Mol, but I need to learn to do this for myself.” Molly kissed his cheek and walked out, holding the sketch pad tightly against her. 

Justin curled up on the bed and watched for the clock to get to 9:30. 9:30, 9:31, 9:32.  Where was Brian? Was he with another man?  Had his father found him? Had he gone after his father. At 9:40, Justin couldn’t wait any longer.  He called Brian’s phone.

Brian was confused when the phone rang.  Where was he? His eyes flicked up.  He was in his car.  “Oh, shit,” he said when he saw the time on the phone.  “Oh, Sunshine…”

“Where were you?  Are you alright? Why didn’t you call me? You said you would call me at 9:30.”

“Whoa, Sunshine, calm down, sweetheart.  I am so sorry. I just dozed off.”

“Who are you dozing off with?” Justin’s voice was sharp. “Where are you?”

“Sunshine, I am in my Jeep.”

“Where are you in your Jeep?” Justin questioned.

“Don’t freak.  I’m in front of your dad’s house.”

“Why are you at Dad’s house? Brian you’re scaring me.  I don’t trust him and if I lost you…”

Brian could hear the panic building in his voice. “Sunshine, listen to my voice.  I will be fine,” he said in a very soothing voice.  “I miss you.  God, I want to be in bed with you.  I want to feel that tight ass of your closing around…. Shit, I’m hard.” Brian adjusted in his seat.

“Come home, Brian.  We can make love until morning.  You don’t need to….”

“Ah, Justin, I need to do this.  I have to face him once before he gets locked up.” Brian was getting wound up now.  “He kept you from me for two years.  He…”

“Baby, you're not helping me.  Come home!”

“I love you, Sunshine.  I plan to talk to your dad in the morning and then I’ll come home.”

“Brian, if anything happens to you, I’ll never forgive you.”

“Justin, when I get home I plan to take you to bed.  Tell Dani you need a very long lunch break. I want to touch you.  I want to lick every inch of you and I…” Brian heard Justin groan. “Sunshine, close your eyes and listen to my voice.  I love you, Sunshine.  Your mom and Molly are in the house and I am a phone call away.  Move your hand down your stomach.  God, I want to be touching you.  Are you getting hard?I want to wrap my mouth around that magnificent cock of yours. Can you feel my warm tongue…” 

Justin moaned as he came in his own hand. He grabbed a tissue and wiped himself off.  “Are you sure you won’t come home?” Justin said very softly.

“I can’t.  I need to do this.  The asshole has to know that I will always be here for you.  Unlike him, family is forever.” Brian’s voice had gone soft as he spoke.  He continued to talk until he was fairly sure he heard Justin snore softly. He loved him so much. Maybe he should give in and go home but…. He closed his eyes and thought of Sunshine.  He was going to avenge his lover.   Craig Taylor would realize what he had done to his son had only made them more committed to each other. Brian set his phone alarm for 4:30 a.m. and drifted off to a restless sleep.


Justin startled awake as if an alarm was going off.  He looked at the clock and saw it was 4:30.  Why was he awake? He was wide awake.  He knew he wasn’t going back to sleep now.  He dressed and went out to the pool house.  Maybe painting would help.

Brian was awake when his alarm went off.  He had dozed off and on but he couldn’t shut his brain off. He got out of the car to stretch his legs and went behind a  bush to relieve himself and then got back in his car and waited.  He had decided he was going to follow him to his store and, before anyone else arrived, he was going to talk to him face to face.  He was going to tell him how much he loved Justin and that he would never know love like they had.  

Brian had been told Craig usually left for work between 6:00 and 6:30. He would enter the store through a back door and, the report guessed, he worked in the office until the store opened at 8:00.  The PI had said that the store door was usually unlocked most days so Brian should be able to get in there.  He wasn’t sure when the judge would issue the arrest warrant but he was going to get first shot at this man and if he got arrested so be it.  It would be worth it. Brian saw light come on in the duplex and at 6:15 the garage door began to rise.

Craig went through a drive thru.  Brian took the chance and did the same.  There was one car between them but he was fairly sure Craig saw him.  He really didn’t care. He hoped he was nervous. Brian had only ordered an extra large cup of coffee.  He definitely needed the caffeine.  He watched Craig pull into the alley behind his store and as soon as Craig entered the building, Brian pulled in behind him.  He sat there and drank more of his coffee while he hoped Craig was getting into his daily routine.  It was nearly 7:00 when Brian got out of the Jeep  and, with coffee in hand, he turned the knob on the door and thankfully it moved and he pulled the door and it opened with a scraping noise.      

“Jan, what the hell are you doing here this early?”  Brian walked toward the door with light coming from it. “Jan?” Craig questioned.  “Say something you impossible woman.”

“That would be hard to do since my name isn’t Jan.  How does someone as miserable as you keep any employees?”   

Craig came rushing out of the office door. “Who the hell…”     He froze in his tracks when he saw Brian Kinney standing in his store room. “Get out of my building.  I thought you had a restraining order against me.”

“It was for your family although it hasn’t stopped you from texting Jenn several hundred times in the last two days.  Well,” Brian leaned against a rack of stock, casually crossing one ankle over the other, “you got a program to do it for you.  Although making people miserable seems to be the only thing you are willing to work at.”

“Kinney, get the fuck out of here.  You have no right to barge in here and…”  

Brian stood up straight and squared off to Craig.  He had a little height advantage and he was going to use it.  “You are an expert in being where you don’t belong. By the way your children are both doing well, not that you care. You stole one and deserted the other.  And your son is back in my bed where he belongs.”

“That’s disgusting. It was working.  He and I talked about finding him a girlfriend.  He had forgotten all about…”

“He hadn’t forgotten me.  You told him so many lies he didn’t know what to believe.  And you weren’t having any in depth conversations because you withdrew him from therapy before his speech came back clearly, not to mention that you left him in a shitty apartment with 20 steps.  20 steps that he had to take to go anywhere and because you withdrew him from therapy he could barely make it up and down them.” Brian took a small step closer to him and it didn’t go unnoticed that Craig took a step backward.  “It took me 30 minutes of talking before he would open the door and it took me three weeks before he would let me make love to him.”

“Shut up you fucking queer!”

“Well, yes I am.  I fuck your son daily but we call it making love. I plan to marry him soon but you don’t have to worry about an invitation.  You will be unable to attend as I have a feeling you will be detained by then.”

“Kinney, you know I took him away for his own good. You used him when he was a minor.  You should be worried about that!”

“Oh, Craig, if you knew the law better you would realize that in Pennsylvania 16 is the age of consent.  I wasn’t with Justin, who by the way has always been a willing partner, was almost 18 the first time we were together.  And although I don’t think you understand what real love is.  I love your son.  I also am happy that Jenn and Molly consider me family.  As I know you are well aware of, I have been there for them since you faked Justin’s death.  How could you put your wife and daughter through something like that?”

“She was my ex-wife by then,” Craig spat.

“And Molly was your ex-daughter? You obviously don’t care but this is tearing her apart but she has come to the reality that you have to pay for your crimes.”

“Crimes? No one has charged me with…. No one in their right mind would hold what I did against me.  I was trying to save my son from the depraved life you drug him into.”

“You go ahead and see it anyway you want but soon,” he took a step closer again and Craig took a couple backward.  He was now back in his office and Brian was blocking the only door in or out.

“What are you talking about? If you are trying to scare me it isn’t going to work.”

“I’m not trying to scare you.  You could say I am trying to warn you.  If there are any preparations you should make before leaving for a long time, I would start making them.  Maybe you should be nice to...what was her name… Jan?  You are going to have to have a reliable employee. Of course, you won’t own this place much longer.”

“I have no intention of selling my business.”

“Well, you are right there.  You aren’t going to sell it.  You are going to lose it.  My guess is your, no, my family will own it.”

“Like hell they will.”

Brian pulled his fist back and it connected with Craig’s jaw. Craig landed the next one with a hard thrust to the stomach. They each landed a couple more blows before Craig tripped over his chair and landed on the floor.

Brian stood over him, “Get your life in order, Taylor.  You won’t be able to make any decisions for quite some time.” Brian wiped the back of his hand across his lip and found a streak of blood on it.  “Is there anything you would like me to say to your daughter?”

“I…” for a moment Brian thought he might actually say something sincerely but then he raised his middle finger instead of completing the sentence.

Brian turned around and walked out of the store. He couldn’t wait to see his Sunshine but first he decided he better clean up. He picked up his phone and called Ted.

“Hey, Brian, I didn’t expect to hear from you so early. What can I do for you?”

“Meet me at the loft.  I might need your help.”


“There you are,” Molly walked into the pool house.  “Mom wondered if you wanted breakfast.”

“No, I can’t eat anything until Brian gets back.  I could use some coffee though.”

Molly held up a coffee carafe, “I had a feeling.  I hope I got the cream and sugar right.”

Justin walked over and kissed her cheek. “Thank you.”

“Did you sleep at all?” Molly asked as she set the pot down and got a mug out of the cupboard. She filled it and handed it to Justin who took a sip and smiled with a nod to her.

“This is perfect,” he said as he took another swallow. “I slept some but I woke before the sun came up and I knew I wouldn’t fall back to sleep so I just came out here.”

Molly walked over and looked at the painting of Justin and Brian that he had worked on for the last few hours, “This is so beautiful,” Molly said softly as she looked at the details. Brian had his arms protectively around Justin and Justin’s head rested on his chest as Brian looked down at him. “For some reason it makes me want to cry.  I can feel how much you love each other.”

“I was hoping I would hear from him by now but he hasn’t texted or called.”

“Didn’t you say he promised to be home by noon?”

“Ya, but I had hoped…”

“Good morning, Molly!” Dani said as she entered.  “Wow, Justin!  I had no idea how talented you were and with the details I see in this painting, I would say your fine motor skills are almost back to full strength.”

“It did turn out pretty good but my hand is really tired now.”

“Well, I will take it easy on you today.  We will focus on your leg instead.”

“Justin has been up since really early and Brian was out all night,” Molly said softly to Dani as she walked out.

“Brian was out all night? Do you know where he was?”

“Ya, he was sitting outside my dad’s house waiting to confront him.”

Instinctively, Dani put her hand on her growing belly. “I hope Brian knows how to fight dirty.  Craig doesn’t do anything fair.” She bit her lip.  “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. I am sure Brian can handle himself.”

“He can but he shouldn’t have to because of me.”

“Justin, sit down and drink your coffee,” the two sat on the sofa together.  “I don’t think you realize he doesn’t have to do anything but he does it because he loves you.  I can’t imagine what it is like to have someone love you so much.”

“Your baby’s father, did you love him?”

“I thought I did and I thought he cared about me but now I know that was just wishful thinking.  I am going to give the baby up for adoption.  I know I don’t want to be a single mom.  I’ve never been sure I want to be a mom at all.  I am sure there is a great couple out there waiting for this baby.”

“Then you are doing the right thing.  From what you have said it doesn’t sound like the father wants to be a dad to this baby.”

“He doesn’t know about the baby but, trust me, he is not the fatherly type.”


Ted arrived at the loft and found the door open.  Brian was curled up on the sofa with an ice pack on his stomach and a trickle of blood still on the corner of his mouth.  “What the hell happened to you?”                                                                       

“I spent the night in front of Craig’s house and this morning, let's just say, I visited his place of work.”

“Shit, Brian, Mel is going to have your ass on a platter.”

“I don’t think Mel is interested in my ass,” he tried to make a joke.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

“Let’s get you cleaned up.” Ted went to the bathroom and got the first aid kit along with a wet cloth.  After helping clean Brian’s face up, he looked at his stomach.  “You should have that looked at.  You might have …”

“He didn’t hit me that hard.  In fact, these are the same injuries I got the first time we fought.” Brian struggled to sit up, “And, fuck it hurts as much now but this time I hit back.”

“I don’t know what else I can do for you.  Keep ice on that.”

“What time is it?” 

“It’s about 9:30.”

“I will sleep for an hour and then I need to go to Sunshine.” Brian texted Justin, ‘Meet you in our room at 11:30.’

“You aren’t going to be healed by then. He is going to be horrified.”

“I don’t think he will be too surprised.”

“Sleep.  I’ll work from here for an hour in case you need anything.” He threw a thin blanket over Brian who was already drifting off.


Justin relaxed a bit after hearing from Brian.  Dani had him do an easy workout and said he could have the afternoon off.  “I have a feeling you will get a workout this afternoon and you have made great progress.”

“Then you spend the afternoon by the pool, unless you want to get off the estate for awhile.” He reached in his pocket and pulled out his wallet.  He took out a credit and handed it to Dani.  “Do a little retail therapy, online or go into town.”

“Justin, I don’t need your card,” she handed it back to him.  “Brian is paying extremely well, but I think I might just do that.  I keep outgrowing my clothes.  Maybe I will go to that little mall down the road for a while.” She moved toward the door and turned around, “Have you heard anything more about what’s going on with your dad’s case?”

“By early next week he will be charged. Why?”

“Sometime, you and I should probably talk a little more about your dad.  I think there are a few things we should talk about.”

“Ya, it would probably be good for both of us.” Justin smiled at her.  “Have some fun and relax this afternoon.”

“I will and I know you will enjoy yourself. Don’t be too rough on Brian.  Remember how much you love each other.”


Brian was picked up by a town car at 11:00 and arrived back at the estate at 11:30.  He had picked up some flowers for Justin.  He hoped the bouquet would distract Sunshine from the bruises he had.  

“Brian what happened ….” He waved at Jenn as he walked to the bedroom.  

He entered the room with the flowers in front of his face. Justin had some fruit and cheese on a tray as well as a couple bottles of water. He walked over and took the flowers out of Brian’s hands and smelled them before setting the vase on the dresser. 

Justin turned around and froze.  “Oh god, Brian, what have you done? What did he do?”














           

Chapter 7 by Simply written

Chapter 7


 “Oh god, Brian, what have you done? What did he do?”  Justin walked over and gently touched his chin and then softly kissed it.  “Did you accomplish what you went there to do?” he brushed a kiss on his lips as he started to unbutton Brian’s crumpled shirt.

Brian took hold of Justin’s hands, “Sunshine, it’s not pretty but I am fine.  There is no real damage.”

As Justin worked his way down the shirt the bruises appeared. “Oh, Brian…” he slid his hand, with a feather light touch over his discolored skin.  “Did you go to the hospital?” He slipped his hands up over Brian’s shoulders and carefully removed the shirt.  He bent and kissed the darkest of the bruises and then he undid the fly of his pants and steadied Brian as he stepped out of them Justin led Brian to the bed and once Brian had laid down, Justin began distracting him.  He laid his head on Brian’s pelvic bone and began to stroke his cock.  When it began to react, Justin took it into his mouth and slowly worked his tongue around the tip. He glanced at Brian’s face often to make sure it registered pleasure, not pain. Once he knew Brian was ready he straddled him and slowly lowered himself onto his erection.

“Wait, Stop!  Condom, you need to put a rubber on me.”

Justin didn’t stop and by the time he was moving up and down Brian couldn’t think straight.  His muscles clenched getting ready to climax which caused him more pain in his abdomen.  Knowing that Brian’s sperm was now deep inside his body he erupted himself. He rolled off him and laid next to Brian. He reached over and laced his fingers with his.

“Why did you do that?  We never, ever go bareback. It’s too dangerous.”

“Bri, how long has it been since you were with someone else?”

“About two year, actually it’s been over two years. But, Sunshine, if….”

“Are you planning on being unfaithful?”

“I waited for you when I thought you were dead.  I am not going to sleep around when I have you in my bed.”

“Brian Kinney, you are the only man I need, the only one I want. I am tired of the barrier between us when we are monogamous.  Now, tell me what happened with my father.”

“That conversation is not done.  You know I stayed outside of your dads and I just followed him to work.”

“And?”  Justin carefully ran his hand over Brian’s bruised side.

“I can’t tell you exactly what I said because I don’t remember but I made sure he knew he had lost and let him know he was going to lose a hell of a lot more.”

“He won’t try to run, will he?”

“I don’t think he will be that stupid but he may surprise me.”

Justin felt Brian’s stomach rumble under his hand. “Let me get you some food.” 

“I am hungry.”

“I have some cheese and fruit. What else would you like?”

“Anything that is quick. I can get up and…”

“You aren’t leaving this room.  I’m not done with you yet.  I’ll go see what’s in the fridge and will be back as quick as I can. What do you want to drink?”

“Pain killer.  I don’t care what it is but I need something to dull the pain.”

Justin walked out to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator.  He found some meat to add to the cheese and fruit  and then saw some croissants Molly and Jenn had made the day before. Then he pulled out a high quality bourbon he knew Brian had hidden away.

“Justin, is everything alright with Brian?”  Jenn stood at the bottom of the stairs in her swimsuit with her coverup.

“He is pretty beat up but he’ll be alright.  He’s hungry and in pain.”

“I hope your father is equally as uncomfortable.  I will be out at the pool.  I am going to have to go back to work soon so I am going to use the pool as long as I can. Call me if you need anything.” Jenn kissed his cheek.  “Justin, are you alright?”

“I am, Mom.  I just want to be back to normal and this to be done.”

“Oh, I almost forgot.”  Jenn walked over to the counter and picked up a bag with a jewelry store logo on it. “This was delivered to Brian earlier today.

Justin looked at it and setting the bottle on the counter slipped it on his wrist before picking up the bottle again and heading toward the bedroom. He opened the door and was ready to question Brian about the bag when he saw Brian laying on the bed.  His bruised chest was a stark contrast to the snow white sheet he had pulled up to his waist.  He set the bag in a chair and walked over to Brian. He sat on the edge of the bed, “Brian, darling, are you awake?”

Brian’s eyes fluttered open, “Ya, I was just enjoying the bed, although I was getting lonely.”

“Let me help you sit up and then I will prop pillows behind you.”

“Will you let me come sit on the sofa? It will be easier to eat.”

“Ok, on one condition.  When you have eaten your fill, you’ll make love to me again.”

“Oh, I am sure we can manage that after we talk about rubbers.”

Together they sat on the small sofa. Justin put the tray of food over Brian’s lap and put the bottle on it, too.  They picked and nibbled on the food. Justin broke off pieces of a roll and popped one first in Brian’s and then his own.  

“Brian, did Dad say anything about Molly? I think she really wants to talk to him.”

“Oh, Sunshine, I understand how she feels but I’m afraid it would crush her because she would realize all he wants to do was manipulate her into seeing things from his point of view.  If he managed to persuade her into believing something deep down she would know it wasn’t right.  I would hate to think of her talking to him alone but it would never work for one of us to go with her.”

“Well, if it comes to that we will have to find someone neutral to go with her, like maybe someone from Mel’s office.”

“Yes, if we get to that point we will talk to your mom about that.” Brian realized they had eaten most of the food and he wasn’t feeling as much pain after the bourbon he was drinking was dulling it. He reached over and moved his hand into Justin’s robe. He started at Justin’s chest and his fingers tweaked first one and then the other nipple.  His lips brushed against Justin’s ear. He softly said, “Are you sure about the condoms? I have always used them and have always told everyone else to. What if...”

“Brian, if you ever want to fuck someone else, use a condom then but I hope you aren’t interested in doing that. Oh…..” Brian’s hand moved down to Justin’s cock and balls and Justin sighed at the feel of Brian’s hand around them.

“I want to make love but I’m not sure how I can do it without….

“We’ll figure out something.  Just as long as you are inside me.” Justin stood and helped Brian get off the sofa.  Something caught Brian’s eye.  

“What’s that bag?”

“Oh, ya, Mom said someone dropped this off for you.”  Justin grabbed the bag off the chair and handed it to Brian.  “What is it?”

“When I went to the office last time, I stopped by and picked up a little something for the most amazing person I have ever met.”

“You bought something for my mom?” Justin grinned at him.

“No, but I should because you wouldn’t be the man I love if it wasn’t for her.” Brian sat on the edge of the bed and guided Justin to sit next to him.  “Justin,” Brian reached in the bank and pulled out a little velvet box.  Justin looked at it and realized it wasn’t the right shape for rings.  It was almost as if Brian read her mind.  “No, Sunshine.  I hope soon I can get you the ring you deserve and that you will become my husband.”

“You do know we can’t really get married.”

“I don’t give a fuck about legal.  I want everyone to know that I love you and you are the most important person in my life. But, that will be later.  Please, open the box.”

Justin opened the velvet box and nestled in the  satin of the box was the personalized key chain. He saw the diamond accents in the word Strong and the engraving on the other where Brian had their initials linked with the word forever.  Justin was stunned for a moment.  It was so beautiful and he knew it came from Brian’s heart.  He turned and, putting one hand behind Brian’s head, he moved, pressing his lips against Brian’s.  Justin’s tongue darted in and out of Brian’s mouth and when he moved away, Brian leaned toward him wanting more.

“Brian it is so beautiful but I don’t have a car.  I haven’t driven in years. I don’t even have a house key because I never leave.”

“Sunshine, I know how strong you are and as soon as your dad is no longer a threat we are going to get you licensed again. We are going to get a car for you and you are going to be able to live a normal life again.”

Justin tensed up, “I don’t know…. People are going to stare at me.  I’m not ready….” 

Brian cringed as he pulled Justin close, “No one is going to push you to do anything, Sunshine, but I think soon you will want to have a little freedom.  You don’t have to go anywhere alone if you don’t want to. But,” Brian kissed him and again placed his hand on Justin’s cock and began to stroke it, “can we talk about this later.” His mouth moved to Justin’s neck. He mumbled by his ear, “This won’t be my finest hour.”

“Brian Kinney, I have never had a bad day in bed with you. Now carefully move where you are comfortable and make love to me.”


The next day was Saturday and Brian and Justin spent a lot of their time by the pool with Molly and Jenn.  Justin smiled at Dani when she joined them in a new swimsuit.  Brian noticed, too.  “Dani, you look great. And it is obvious how much you are helping Sunshine.”

“Justin is doing all the work.  I was thinking I would be here for about three months but I should maybe start looking…”

“Dani, you aren’t going anywhere before you have your baby, unless you want to.  Why don’t you have pizza with us for dinner and I can run a couple things past you. Although Justin might be able to stop the intense therapy I think I have something else that would help both of you.

“Brian, what are you talking about?” Justin looked at him confused.

“Don’t worry, I’ll run it past you before we talk to Dani.  Ready to get in the pool for a while?” Justin nodded and stood up.  Brian chose to leave his T-shirt as he moved toward the steps.

“Brian, why are you keeping your shirt on? You are going to be pissed when you tan that way.” 

Brian stopped and thought about it for a moment. “Molly,” he walked over and sat on the side of Molly’s chair. “You know your dad and I had a round yesterday.”

“Yes, your bruised cheek made that obvious.”

“Well, do you really think that was the only punch?”

“No, one punch wouldn’t be much of a fight,” Molly said sarcastically.

“Well,” Brian pulled the shirt off over his head.

“Oh, god, Brian!  He did that to you?”

“Yes, and I won’t lie.  It hurts like hell but your dad’s punch is powerful enough to bruise but not powerful enough to do any real damage.”

“Brian, did you hurt…”

“Your dad is probably in the same shape I’m in.  I didn’t hurt him seriously. And, by the way, after your dad is arrested, Mel can get you a visit, if you want one.”

Molly sat their silently before saying, “Can I think about it?”

“You can think about it until the minute you walk in to visit him, honey.” He had kept an eye on Jennifer throughout the conversation and she was nodding in agreement as he spoke. Brian kissed her cheek and joined Justin in the pool.  

Justin looked at Molly, “Hey, Mol, come join us.” Brian pulled Justin close.  “This old man isn’t any fun when he can barely move.”

“Old man?” Brian dunked him as Molly jumped in to join them.

Jenn looked over at Dani, “How are you doing, Dani? Is everything good with the baby?”

“Yes, we are both healthy.  It has really helped living here. I don’t have the stress of wondering if I can afford the rent or if,” she almost said Craig, “...the baby’s father will show up or not.”

“Was it a serious relationship or just…”

“I think it depends on who you talk to,” Dani took a few swallows of water. “We had what I thought was a serious relationship but then … um, something happened and we had to stop seeing each other but then he showed up again and I thought….”  Dani’s voice drifted off. She felt tears filling her eyes.  She hadn’t cried about this in a long time.  It must be hormones or maybe it was realizing that this baby belonged with these people and he or she would end up with strangers.

“Dani, I know it has been a long time since I was pregnant but if you ever just need to talk or…”

“Thanks, Jennfer.  Justin told me you would be leaving the estate soon.  I will miss you and Molly being around.”

“Well, I think we will be here to visit frequently. We will want to keep an eye on Justin and Brian.”

“You know those two are so amazing… Craig lied to me about them.  He told me that Brian abused him and used him.  He told me that Justin was tricked into the relationship. He is very convincing when he wants to be.”

“I remember that side of him.  I think that’s how I fell in love with him but eventually that wears off.  He wasn’t so  happy when I started thinking for myself.”

“Yes, I saw that side of him, too.”

“So the baby’s father, was he a rebound?” Jenn stopped, “Sorry, that is none of my business.”

“Let’s just say it was a one night stand with an old friend.  I thought we might rekindle something but I realized it wasn’t meant to be so we went our own ways and then...”

“Then you found out you were pregnant?”  

“Yes, that was pretty much what happened.  I know I didn’t love him and I know I don’t want to be a mother, not now anyway.  So, I am planning to give the baby to a good family.”  I get a little bit of say.  I keep looking at the options but….”

“I’m sorry to be so nosey.  How about we get something cold to drink.” Jenn and Dani got up. “Will you look at my kids?”  Jenn and Dani looked over just as Molly popped up between Brian and Justin separating them.

“You two can be so gross.  I saw what your hands were doing…”

Justin’s hand snapped over her mouth and Dani and Jenn started laughing. “Hey Mom, would you mind calling for a couple pizzas,” Justin called when he saw the women walk toward the house.”

“Sure! Molly if you want something special you better come in and help us order.”

Molly looked at Brian and Justin. “Ok, you two want some time alone. Just tell me to get lost.”

In unison Brian and Justin smiled at each other and then looked at Molly and said, “Get lost.”

Molly laughed and swam to the other end of the pool, following her mom and Dani into the house.

Justin wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck and his legs around his waist.  “I’m not hurting you am I?”

“The only thing that’s going to be hurting very soon is my cock, feeling yours growing against me.” He kissed him, pulling Justin’s hips tighter against him, letting a groan slip out.

Justin set his feet back on the bottom of the pool but stayed pressed against him.  “So what are you thinking with Dani?”

“I was thinking, if you agree, that maybe on the days you don’t have therapy she could do a few things around the house. We have the cleaners so either she could make a couple dinners a week or at least order for us so we don’t have to think about it.   I also thought, since I know I have some big deals at work in the process that I will do around the court case, but maybe she wouldn’t mind just helping out like, taking you to get your driver’s license. Of course, we need to get you alive first.”

“If you can’t tell I’m alive…” Justin rubbed against him.

“Oh, you are cruel,” Brian said as Justin’s hand moved into Brian’s trunks. “Ok, not so cruel. God, what did I do without you for two years?  I love you, Sunshine.” He put a hand on either side of his face and he kissed him.  There was no rush at first but as Justin’s hand continued it’s work, Brian’s kiss got much more demanding, needing more from Justin’s mouth. As he lost control his tongue plundered Justin’s mouth.  Justin climaxed just from Brian’s kiss. They stood there for a few minutes just regaining their composure.  

Brian noticed Justin was resting his head on his shoulder.  “Is everything Ok, Sunshine?”

“My head is starting to hurt.  I need to get one of my pills.”

Brian had learned that look.  Early on it had happened frequently but now it hadn’t happened for a couple weeks and he could tell this one was really bad.  He helped him out of the pool and grabbed a towel for both of them.  By the time they got to the door Justin was leaning heavily on Brian.  

“What’s wrong?” Molly asked as they came into the house but before Brian said anything Molly knew, “He’s got one of his headaches, doesn’t he.” 

Brian nodded and Molly rushed ahead to open the door and get one of the pills out for him.  As soon as she watched him swallow the pill she slipped out of the room leaving Justin in Brian’s care. Brian cradled Justin in his arms and spoke softly as he stroked Justin’s hair and cheek. Even after he had fallen to sleep, Brian wouldn’t leave his side.  

When they hadn’t come out, Jenn popped her head in a couple hours later to check on them. Justin was moving around a bit and mumbling. She walked around to Brian’s side and said softly, “Would you like a break? I can sit here with him for a while.”

“No, I don’t want to leave him.  He wakes up every once in a while from a nightmare.  He must be remembering when he first came out of the coma.  He’s talking about Dani and his dad. When he gets past this I’ll grab a slice of pizza.  Is Dani still here?”

“She is walking home right now.  Molly is walking with her.  She said to tell you she will find you tomorrow to talk about whatever you wanted to talk about.”  Jenn moved toward the door but stopped and turned.  “Brian, has she ever talked to you about the baby’s father?”

“No,” Brian stopped talking as Justin started thrashing around. Brian tried to sooth him while Jenn slipped out of the room.  It was about 10:00 pm when Brian finally came out to the main room.  Molly had gone upstairs to chat with her friends but Jenn was sitting on the sofa watching an old black and white movie.

“Did he finally fall asleep?” Jenn stood. “Do you want the pizza reheated in the oven? It will only take a couple minutes and it will taste much better.”

“If you don’t mind.” Brian walked over and took out a glass and a bottle of whiskey, pouring himself three fingers.  

“You look really tired, Brian. Do you want to sleep upstairs tonight? I can stay with Justin.”

“No, I wouldn’t be able to sleep anyway and he will probably sleep straight through now.”  Brian sat by the counter and within a couple minutes Jenn brought over three slices that were piping hot.  Brian took a bite, “Thanks.  You’re right, it is better hot.”  He finished the first slice and picked up another.  By now he was holding his head up with his free hand.

“Brian, this was a bad one, wasn’t it?”

“Yes, when I first had him at the loft, this happened almost nightly but it got better. I wonder if the stress of the arrest caused it.  I probably caused some of it from being gone last night and fighting with Craig. “Face it, he is so stressed about all this.”  Brian finished the second piece and emptied his glass.  “Jenn, you asked about the baby earlier. Did she say something about the father?”

“No, it’s what she didn’t say.  I just keep feeling that she is hiding something.  Maybe hiding isn’t the right word. She is just keeping something secret and she has the right. It’s just that…” Jenn saw Brian’s eyes close.  “We can talk about this tomorrow. Go to bed.  If you need me, text me.” She guided Brian to his room and kissed his cheek, “Thank you for taking such good care of my boy.”

“That is my pleasure.” Brian hugged her and closed the door before falling into bed with Justin.


Brian could see the sun through his eyelids and could feel Justin curled up next to him. He started to move and remembered his bruised ribs.  He remembered it was Sunday morning and then he remembered Justin’s severe episode yesterday.  He opened his eyes to see Justin watching him.

“Good morning.”

“Oh, Sunshine, how are you this morning? Do you want me to shut the curtains? Is the light bothering you?”

“No, I’m fine.  I feel a little groggy but the pain is gone this morning. How are you?” He ran his hand over the bruises.

“It hurts but I think it is better than yesterday.  Once I start moving for the day it shouldn’t be too bad. We are quite the pair.” Justin moved so he could kiss Brian and then stretched his body against Brian’s.  “Do you know how much I love feeling that?”

“Feeling what?”

“Your warm, compact body pressed against me. I never told anyone, well I might have mentioned it to Ted but, I had nightmares after we were told you had died.  I would fall asleep and I would wake up in a panic because I had this icy feeling down my side.  I think it was more the emptiness of not having you there….it took me a couple months to learn how to sleep alone.  Ya, I tried having someone else fill that spot but it didn’t take me long to realize that it wasn’t just the spot that needed to be filled.  I just knew it wasn’t anyone I wanted there.” He carefully rolled over so he was partially on top of Justin now and he kissed him once more before he slowly got up.  “You have to be starving.”

“I am.” Justin swung his legs over the side of the bed but when he tried to stand he sat right back down. “I was really out of it last night, wasn’t I.”

“Yes, it was a bad one. It was like some of the very early ones and you had the nightmares again.  I feel responsible for that.  I had to go confront your father.  I had to be selfish and…”

“Brian, you deserve to be selfish once and it still was for me. Can I hold your arm?  I need a little stability.  My balance seems a little off this morning.” Brian walked over and offered his elbow.  

“You might want to put on a robe or some shorts.  I don’t think your sister really needs to see my favorite parts of you.”

“Oh, ya,” Justin kissed him again.  “Maybe a pair of shorts and a T-shirt?” Brian had him sit down and quickly helped him get dressed. Justin stood again and taking Brian’s arm they walked out together.

There was a note on the counter from Jenn.  It said she and Molly were going to a little town, with one of the guards to do a little shopping and then to a matinee. It also said there was bacon ready to be heated up and there was waffle batter ready for the waffle iron.  “You know what that means? We are going to eat well and we have the house to ourselves. I could have kept you naked.”  

Justin laughed as he sat on the counter stool, “Well, I think we will eat well but make enough for Dani.  She’s almost to the door.” He waved her in and said, “Morning, Dani.”

“So good to see you up, Justin.  How are you feeling?”

“Other than a little off balance, I feel fine.  I’m really hungry so Brian is making breakfast.  Hope you like waffles.”

“I love waffles.  Can I help with something, Brian?”

“Well, I have the waffles going and Jenn  made bacon.  Can you make eggs?”

“Sure, I am a pretty good cook.  Nothing fancy but I enjoy cooking.”

“Well, that’s good to hear.  Last night I was going to ask you about that.”

“About my cooking skills?”

“Well, sort of.  I know you will keep working with Justin but he is making progress and…” Justin took over.

“Dani, we were wondering if you would be willing to kind of switch up your duties.  If we workout maybe 3 times a week, we were wondering if you could maybe plan dinner 3 nights a week.  You can make the meals or even order them in but that way we don’t have to worry about them.  We have house cleaners that come in so other than keeping the kitchen straightened up there wouldn’t be anything like that.”

“That sounds great!  I know you said I could stay until the baby arrives but I get bored too easily.”

“Well,” Brian continued now, “We would also like you to be Justin’s personal assistant.  That just really means that until he gets his license back, you can get him around.  That part probably won’t start until the court case is done.”

“Sure, I will do whatever I can.” 

“That would be great.  One other thing,” Brian continued, “This is totally up to you but if you would like to move into the bedroom we are using you could.  We will be moving up to the master now that Justin is moving well.”  He moved closer and kissed Justin. The kiss went on longer than planned and Justin’s hand moved into Brian’s lap.  They were both flushed when they separated.

Dani smiled, “Why don’t you leave the kitchen to me and you two can...um...finish getting ready for the day.”

Brian slipped his arm around Justin’s waist, not sure of his stability yet and they literally ran to the bedroom as they both were pulling off their shirts and the door was shut behind them.  Dani found herself choking up. She felt a tear slip down her cheek.  She felt terribly  that because of her those two were separated at least six months longer than they had to be.  If she had just seen through Craig’s bullshit quicker those two… she quickly placed the dishes in the dishwasher and then as the tears continued coming she sat on the sofa and cried until she fell into an emotional sleep.

Brian and Justin took their time.  Brian started at Justin’s head and touched and kissed his way down Justin’s body.  Once he managed to get to Justin’s cock, he rolled him over and started at the shoulders and began to work his way down on this side. Justin began to tense even before Brian’s tongue began working down between Justin’s crack and as he found his target a tremor ran through Justin as he cried out. Brian then propped Justin’s knees under him a bit so his ass was in the air and Brian moved into him and was soon thrusting in harder and faster than he had in awhile. He tried to slow down and restrain himself but he had lost control. By the time he collapsed on the bed next to Justin, his ribs were throbbing but his heart was soaring.

“Sunshine, are you alright? I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

“Please hurt me some more!” Justin laughed as he curled into Brian’s arms.  “I have a feeling that was a little more than you should have been doing, too.”

“It was worth every wince,” he rolled over and kissed Justin again.  “Making love to you is never going to get old.”  Brian’s phone pinged and he reached for it. “Oh shit,” he said as he read the text.  “They are going  to pick up your dad tonight around 5:00.  I think we should let your mom know what’s going on.  I want them home before it happens.  By now I have a feeling some news outlet might have an idea what is going on and I don’t want them outside the gates when it goes down.”

“I’ll text her.  You start the shower and then we will go tell Dani what is going on.” Justin completed the text but then his mind wandered.  It wouldn’t be long and he would have to face his father.  Was he ready for that?

“You coming, Sunshine?” Brian stuck his head out of the bathroom door.  “I am ready to move into our new bedroom.”  He looked over at Justin. 

“I’m coming.” Justin walked over and straight into the shower.  Brian joined him and as they stood under the spray, Justin said, “I don’t know if I can do this.”

“I know this is going to be tough but I will be with you.  I won’t let him near you.  You know that.”

“I do know that,” he ran the bar of soap over Brian’s chest. “I know it isn’t going to be easy.  I know I will probably have more headaches like I did last night and there will be press around but I will deal with you beside me.  It is Molly and Mom I worry about.  They may have to stay out here if the press starts running with this.”

“They know they are welcome but I get the feeling your mom wants to get back to her life and Molly will have school in a few weeks.  You know I do know a pretty good advertising company and even this is not the same, I think I can use my skills to twist this in our favor. Right now, I think we need to get out of this shower, which is getting cold, and tell Dani the news.”

Twenty minutes later they walked out into the main room and found Dani asleep on the sofa.  Justin walked in front of her and then walked back to Justin, “It looks like she’s been crying. And not just a few tears but a long extended cry. Do you think someone already told her?”

“I doubt it.  Mel’s text said only the police knew.”

“We didn’t say or do anything did we?”

“You didn’t say or do anything,” Dani sat up and wiped her eyes. “I think most of it is hormones.  Seeing you two, so in love made me realize I put the two of your through an extra eight months of pain and separation.”

“Dani, you couldn’t know everything Dad was doing.”

“No, but I should have tried to find out. I should have looked for Justin when he moved him.  I should have stayed away… I should have stayed away from him.”

Justin sat down next to her and took her hand,  “You saw my dad after he moved me?”

“I did,” her voice drifted to a whisper. ”Right after Brian found you, Craig came to find me.  He thought maybe I knew where you were. Your father….. He has a charm.  I think Brian understands.  You have bewitched him.” Justin leaned against Brian, who sat beside him.

“That’s the truth.” Brian kissed his neck.  “Dani, what are you trying to tell us?”

“I’m so sorry.  I should have told you and I will understand if you want me to pack and leave right away.”

“Spit it out,” Brian said bluntly.

“This baby is your half brother.” 

Justin’s mouth fell open, “You told me that, didn’t you.  The day you moved in and I fell asleep.  I woke up knowing that but was sure it was just a dream.  It was another bad dream I had.”

“I know you can’t want me here.  I will go tomorrow. It shouldn’t take me long to…”

“No!,” the word flew out of his mouth. Brian rested his arms at Justin’s waist.  “I’m sorry, Dani.  I didn’t mean to yell. It just…. I don’t want you to leave but…”

“Dani, we need to tell you something,” Brian knew they had to tell her. “Dani, I think Justin just needs a little time to adjust but right now you need to know, Craig is going to be picked up about 5:00 today.”

She grabbed her stomach, “Oh, god.”

“Only in his mind,” Brian mumbled. 

“Dani, could you maybe spend time at your place.  Come back here at 5:00.  Family needs to be together when this goes down,” Justin responded.

“I’m not family,” Dani said.

“Dani, you are carrying my….did you say brother? I’m going to have a brother.  You are family.”

“I’ll come back at 5:00.” Dani looked over her shoulder and then walked out the door.

“Sunshine, what are you thinking?” Brian moved so he was looking at Justin’s face.

“Damn, right now I need one of my pills.  I don’t have time to shut down for 12 hours.” 

Brian went to the bedroom and came back with a pill for Justin and a bottle of water.  After he swallowed it, Brian sat down and made him put his head in his lap.  “Just relax for a few minutes.  We have time.” He ran his hand through his soft hair that really needed to be cut but he loved it long like this. “Do you want to talk about what you’re thinking?”

“I’m not sure what I’m thinking.  My brain is on overload.  Right now I am stuck on the baby, my brother.  Brian, is it weird to want to keep that baby in the family? Dad has shattered our family, or tried to.  My head hurts.” Brian leaned down and kissed his temple.  

“Just shut your eyes and mouth for 5 minutes.  I think that will help.”

“Lay down with me,” Justin stretched out on the sofa and Brian laid behind him, wrapping his arms tightly around him.

Brian kissed the curve of his neck and then said, “There is too much going on right now, darling.  I don’t think we should make any decisions this very moment, let alone the life of a child.” As Justin’s body relaxed into sleep, Brian’s mind moved to the man in his arms.  He had just gotten him back.  The last thing Justin needed was a baby in his life as he tried to get his life back. I mean what if he had an episode like this when he was with the baby alone.  It was out of the question.

It was only about 15 minutes later when Justin stretched and turned over carefully. He pressed himself into Brian who encouraged him to move even closer as his hand rested on Justin’s ass and pulled him tightly against his own pelvis.  It wasn’t long before they were both naked on the sofa and they lay with the other’s cock in their mouth. They took their time and brought each other to the edge several times before they both savored each other before they strode out to the hot tub and sank into the warm, bubbling water.  

“Brian, we need to talk about Dani and the baby,” Justin said as he turned to face Brian.

“Sunshine, now is just not the time to be thinking about adding to the stress in the house.  We have a court battle starting soon and, Justin, you are still not 100%.  How do you expect to handle a baby?”

“You make it sound like this is just a random child.  This is my brother we’re talking about.”

“I know that but do you really think this is smart?” Brian saw Justin tense up again.  “You know what.  We have time to talk about this.  I think we need to focus on what is happening today. For now I think we should keep it between the three of us.  We should probably go in and get dressed.  We should eat something and get dressed before Jenn and Molly get home.  I love walking around naked and soon enough we will be able to do that in the big place all by ourselves.”

“Well, even if my mom and Molly move out didn’t we just invite Dani to move in?”

“It’s obvious she’s seen a naked man before. What’s two more?” Brian stood and reached for Justin’s hand and after drying each other off, kissing in between, they walked into the house.

“By the way, I agree about keeping this quiet for now.  Molly doesn’t need this added to everything else.”


It was nearly 4:00 p.m. before Jenn and Molly got home from their day out.  They walked in laughing and still talking about the comedy they had seen. When Jenn saw Justin’s face she got quiet.  “What is it? Did something happen while we were gone?”

“Dad is being arrested around 5:00.”

“On Sunday? They do this kind of thing on Sunday? That’s stupid.  Forget I said it.  Of course they do.  What better way to surprise them.”

Justin walked over to Molly and put his arm around her waist, “Mollusk, I am sure this is really upsetting.  I know it’s hard not knowing what’s going to happen.  None of us know exactly what might happen in the next few weeks but Mel thinks he will be in court in the morning but you and Mom won’t go to that.  That will be later.  Brian and I are going.”

“What’s going to happen tomorrow?”

Brian had moved next to Jenn, “Mel says tomorrow they will bring all the charges against him.  If he would agree to plead guilty, all of this could be done quickly.  It will probably be at least a couple weeks but it could be a couple months.  It will depend on Craig.” Brian’s phone vibrated and he looked at it.

“Justin, do you think I’ll be able to see him soon? I want to talk to him.”

“Mol, I will talk to Mel about trying to arrange it soon, I promise.”

“Ok, Brian, when is Gus coming to visit again?”  Molly changed the subject.  Gus was the perfect distraction for her.

“Funny you should ask.  That was Lindz who just texted.  She and Mel are on their way out here.  They are bringing subs for us to eat later so Gus will be here before 5:00.”

“I’m going to tell my friends about the movie. Tell me when he gets here!”  

As soon as Molly was out of earshot, Justin asked, “Why are they coming out?”

“Well, they are the co parents of my son. Did they need a reason?”

Jenn looked at Brian, “Don’t try to bullshit my son.  You and Mel don’t text for fun and she doesn’t volunteer to bring Gus out. It has to do with Craig.”

“You know she is my lawyer for the….” Justin shot a look at him and he stopped.   “Mel set it up so we can watch the arrest through a body cam.” Brian closed the gap between them and put his hands on Justin’s shoulders, looking into his eyes.  “Sunshine, I am not sure that you should watch.  I don’t want anything that could be brought up in court to cause a problem.  If you don’t see it you won’t have a memory of it to think about .”  He bent and kissed him.

“Brian might be right, honey.”

“I don’t want to watch it,” Justin said flatly.  “I just want it over and I’m with Molly, I want to see Gus. Gus is never going to have to wonder if he is loved.” Brian pulls him close and holds him for a minute but Jenn steps over and Brian lets Justin go as Jenn takes Justin’s hand.

“I so wish he wasn’t part of our life but if he wasn’t I wouldn’t have you or Molly and I wouldn’t change that for anything.”

Justin puts his arms around his mom.  “Mom, I never doubted that you loved me.  Well, there might have been a day or two once I came out but that was just my stupidity.  And I agree, if you hadn’t met him, we wouldn’t be who we are but, I have to admit, I want him out of our lives for good.  I don’t think he could ever make up for what he did. I want this done for all of us.”

“Do you think it is really a good idea for Molly to talk to him?” Jenn looked back and forth between Brian and Justin.

“Mom, I think she needs to.”

“Jenn, I’ll talk to Mel and see what the set up would be.  I am guessing someone would be there with them. I will find that out today.  Maybe Mel herself but I think someone else would be better.  I am sure he knows who Mel is.”

“Thanks, Brian.  I know it is going to break her heart but she needs to know what an ass he is. I…” The doorbell rang and instantly they heard footsteps coming down the steps and Molly got to the front door before the rest managed to get there and then the house was noisy and full of life.  

Gus saw Brian and yelled, “DADDY!”  He pulled out of Mel’s grip and ran to Brian who scooped him up and threw him above his head, leaving him squealing. Brian pulled him close and hugged him close and kissed both of his cheeks. For some reason Brian was choked up.  He loved this little boy so much.  “Daddy, ‘nough kisses.  Up high.” Brian blinked a couple times and then through him once more.  

“Hey, Gus, do you want to play?” Molly moved up and Gus reached for her.  She carried him to the rug where the toys they had brought along were already out.  Justin kissed Brian and followed Molly and Gus.

Mel softly said, “He’s not coming?”

“No, let’s go to the office. I don’t think we will be gone too long.  Hopefully no one is too hungry to wait an hour,” Mel said as they turned to go down the hall.  “I doubt it will take that long.”

Once they were in the office, Brian locked the door. “I don’t want anyone wandering in.  Molly doesn’t know that we are watching it.” Mel sat down by the computer and put the code in so the site would pop up. “Mel, while you are tapping in, Molly wants to meet with Craig.  Do you think that will be possible once he’s locked up?”

“I am sure we can get something worked out,” Mel said as she typed in the final password.

“I don’t want her alone with him. I don’t trust him, even in a locked up situation.”

“I’ll work on it tomorrow,” she glanced down at the screen.  “It looks like they are pulling up now.”

Brian pulled up a chair so they could both see what was going on.   The next few minutes was a blur.  They could see the SWAT team putting on their equipment and then the door flew open and Brian and Mel could see the men and women running across the road.  Brian figured they must be parked around the corner from where he had sat the other night.

 

For a split second the camera feed went dead and when it came back up the ram was making contact with the front door and they rushed in.


Chapter 8 by Simply written

Chapter 8


“Holy shit,” Mel said under her breath as the front door splintered into a million pieces.

“I really thought they would just pick him up on the street or something,” Brian said, as they watched the team storm the duplex.  After all the times he had thought about this, it was almost disappointing.  Craig looked shocked as they threw him to the floor and then cuffed his hands behind his back. 

“What did I do?” they heard him say.

The officer wearing the camera’s voice came over the computer, “Well, faking a death for starters but the one you are going to have the hardest time denying is kidnapping, you fucker.”

As they led him out of the house, they got another glimpse of his face. Mel said, “He doesn’t look so threatening now, does he? Remember how he used to bully Justin, threaten him…”

“How often he made Sunshine cry….” Brian’s voice faded out. “I thought this was going to be so much...fun.  Now I just think he looks like a lonely loser who, face it, has lost everything that’s important in life, including a baby he doesn’t even know about.”

“What?” Mel looked at Brian.

“Shit, forget you heard that.”

“Like hell I will!” Mel snapped. “Are you saying that Dani’s baby…. When did you find this out?”

“Just a few hours ago.  Mel, I need to talk to someone and you’re my lawyer so you can’t say anything.” Mel nodded.  “Dani is giving up the baby and Justin wants us to take him.”

“Him? It’s a boy?”

“Yes, she let that slip today.  Justin is still recovering.  He can’t take care of a baby.”

“Well, it is still a couple months, right?  It’s not like you don’t have the room and you can afford a nanny..” Mel hesitated, “I can’t believe I’m saying this but, you’re a good father.  Justin is amazing with kids. That child could have a lot worse home.”

“Mel, is that a compliment?” Brian smiled at her.  “I just can’t get over the fact that it is Craig’s child but then so is Justin and I love him more than life.”

“Justin shouldn’t have any trouble getting custody since Dani plans on giving the baby up.  He is a blood relative.”

“Daddy, Mama, I hungry.” Gus was knocking on the door with some help from someone. Brian unlocked the door and saw his son in the arms of his love.  “Daddy,” Gus squealed as he threw himself into Brian’s arms from Justin’s. Brian held Gus in one arm and slipped his other around Justin’s waist.  He kissed Gus and then Justin.  Maybe he would have to rethink this.  Mel was right.  He could hire a nanny or housekeeper or both.  If  only he knew Justin…. “Daddy, fly!” As they stepped back into the main room, Brian threw Gus in the air as the boy giggled.

“Brian, stop that.  If he throws up his dinner it is your fault,” Lindsay said as she took Gus from Brian’s arms. 

Justin pulled Brian into the laundry room, “Want a quickie right now?” Brian said as he ran his hand over Justin’s crotch.

“Stop it!  Is it over?” Brian saw the serious look on Justin’s face.  

“I’m sorry, Sunshine,” he pulled him into his arms.  “Of course you want to know.  He is in custody. Tomorrow morning Mel will call us as soon as she has the arraignment time.  She expects it to be tomorrow afternoon unless it ends up being Tuesday morning.”

“Brian,” Justin laid his head down on his chest, “what happened? Did he fight or try to run?” He paused a moment, “Did he get hurt?”

“The worst he got was a bruise or two.” He started to talk but stopped.

“What were you going to say?” Justin asked looking up into Brian’s eyes.

“He looked like a scared old man.” Brian lowered his head and met Justin’s lips. “Justin, he was not hurt and he deserves anything they give him. We better go out before Gus comes looking for us.” Brian kissed him once more and swatted his butt. “Later I am going to bite into that amazing ass….” 

“Promises, promises….” Justin teased as they went to join everyone else.

Everyone ate subs and cookies and before they realized it Gus was falling asleep.  He climbed on Justin’s lap and fell asleep. “I wish he could stay.  Maybe some night soon he can spend the night or two?”

Melanie leaned over and kissed Lindsay, “We were talking about taking a weekend away.”

“Justin, can I come visit when Gus comes?” Molly asked.  “I could help babysit.  I know we are going home now but…”

“Molly, you are welcome to visit,” Brian hugged her tightly.  “I am going to miss you and your mom knows you are both welcome. We have plenty of room.”

As Lindsay tried to take Gus, he tightened his little arms around his neck. “Come on, Gussy.  It is time to go home.  You can come play with daddy and Justin soon.”  He was too tired to fight and let Lindz take him. 

Brian kissed his son and said goodbye to his mothers.  “Mel, call us as soon as you know anything.”

“I will.  I am guessing I’ll know something around 10:00.”

“Thanks, Mel,” Justin said as she shut her door and they drove away.

Molly slipped away to her room and Jenn poured a glass of wine and sat at the counter, taking a sip.  I know I should go up and see if she’s alright but I need a little courage to do that. What happened, Brian.  What can I tell her?”

“He was arrested and will be arraigned tomorrow.  They will decide if he will stay in jail or be able to go home.  If he goes home he will probably be on house arrest,” Brian commented.  “Oh, and you can tell her that Mel will set up a visit with him if she still wants to talk to him and she will line up a chaperone for her.  She figured someone from her office or the judge’s would be in  attendance.”

“Thanks, Brian.  You have taken such good care of us.  We will get out of your hair tomorrow or the next day.  I need to get back to work and Molly needs a little normalcy before school starts so she will start cheer camp later this week.”

“That will be good for her, Mom. I know it is early but I am really tired.  I think I might put on my trunks and get in the hot tub.”

“I’m going upstairs if you don’t want to put on the suit.”  Jenn picked up the wine glass in one hand and the bottle in the other and headed up the staircase.

“Who am I to disagree with with your mom?”  Brian pulled Justin’s shirt off over his head before kissing him deeply.

“Why don’t you grab our robes and I’ll grab the bourbon and glasses?”

“Bourbon? Are you sure you….”

“Don’t question me tonight, my love.” Justin kissed him once more and then went to the liquor cabinet.

Five minutes later they sank into the bubbling water and Justin instantly poured each of them two fingers of golden liquid.  He handed one to Brian and then rested against him. His long, lean arms wrapped around him and he tried to relax.

“Want to talk about it?”

“What did you see on the camera? Tell me what happened.”

“It really happened very quickly.  I expected they would just knock and tell him to come out but they shattered the front door with one of those rams.  He was sitting by the kitchen bar when they rushed in.  He was thrown to the ground and cuffed.  Then it was over.”

“Brian, could you tell what he was feeling? I mean, was he angry?  Was he calm? Did he fight?”

“Justin, don’t torture yourself. He is fine.”

“What did he look like?” Brian said with an edge to his voice.

“Sunshine, he looked like a scared, old man.”

“He looked old?”

“I think he aged 10 years in the five minutes they were in the house with him.  Mel told me they would do a full search of his house to see if they can find any evidence for our case.  They are probably still there.”

Justin downed the liquid in his glass and then filled it again.  He started to bring it to his lips and Brian gently took it out of his hand and set it down along with his glass.  “Come here, Sunshine.” 

“Brian, I don’t want to….” 

“Shhhh,” he pulled him into his arms and let his lips roam over his face. Justin didn’t have much fight left in him and he sank against Brian and let him do what he wanted.  Brian wasn’t demanding, but soothing, more like a mother and her upset child than a lover. He ran a hand up and down one of Justin’s arms  as he still dropped  kisses on his cheek or temple. After a few minutes Justin moved so he was straddling Brian’s lap. 

“I love you, Brian Kinney.  I know you aren’t much for marriage and commitment but do you think sometime, maybe we could….”

“Oh, Sunshine, don’t you realize? I love you so much. I would marry you tomorrow!  I just wanted this trial and your therapy to be done before we talked about it and you are so young. I don’t want you to question your choice later.”

“Brian, I could never love anyone else,” he pressed his chest against Brian’s and his lips caressed Brian’s collar bone. When he got near the center he continued moving upward dragging his tongue across the hollow of his Brian’s neck and then along his jawline.  When he got near his ear, Justin softly said, “I think you mentioned something about eating my ass?”

Brian growled low in his throat, “I think I said bite your ass but either option sounds like the perfect way to spend the next couple hours but I think I am going to work my way down.” The heat between them wasn’t only from the temperature of the water. They were heating up from the inside.  

They clung to each other.  Justin mumbled as his lips tried to be everywhere at once, “I can’t get close enough.  I need to be closer. Please Bri, I need you inside of me.  I need to feel you.”

“Let’s go inside. I could think of no place I’d rather be than buried deep inside that ass but I think in our bed we will be much more comfortable.” Brian’s mouth crushed Justin’s as his need pressed against Justin’s thigh.  

“Yes, god, yes!” Justin wrapped his arms even tighter around his neck as Brian stood up and as Justin wrapped his legs around Brian, Brian carried him out of the hot tub.  He dropped his feet to the concrete as they kissed again.  Justin trembled, partly because of his need for Brian but partly because of the breeze that was picking up. “Let’s get inside.  I think a storm is coming up.” Justin slipped on the robe Brian had brought out for him as Brian put on his own.

“You’re right.  The air does feel weird.  I think we could have a real storm tonight.”

“It has been that kind of day, hasn’t it.” Justin needed to touch him.  He needed to stay in contact tonight.  He couldn’t do life alone right now.

“Oh, we left the booze outside.  I’ll be right back.” 

“Brian,” Justin clung to his arm, “don’t go!”

“Sunshine, it will only be a minute.” Brian walked out the door and as he walked Justin began to shake.  By the time Brian returned, Justin was trembling so badly he had to hold onto the back of a chair.  Brian rushed over and pulled him close. “Oh darling, I am so sorry.  I should have known.” He pulled him close, “I promise I will not leave your side.  I promise.”  Together they crossed the great room and walked to the bedroom.

Once in the bedroom, Brian slowly removed Justin’s robe and slid his hands down Justin’s arms and then he moved his hands to Justin’s back.  The lower they moved the closer Justin moved against Brian.  Brian’s mouth left a seering trail on Justin’s skin.  Justin was sure he would burst into flames from the inside at any minute.  Brian moved them closer to the bed and then had him lay down on his stomach.  Brian pulled out some oil and started at his neck and shoulders. His fingers worked on his neck for a few minutes.  Brian knew where the knots usually were and he worked on those and then worked his way down.  When he got down to the beautiful round globes he did just as he promised.  He licked and nipped, sometimes hard enough for Justin to yip and then his mouth began to focus on the little bud between his cheeks.

“Turn over, Sunshine.  I want to see your gorgeous face.” Brian propped Justin’s ankles on his shoulders and then entered him.  As he sank all the way in he began to move in and out, faster and faster until they both climaxed.  He collapsed onto the bed next to Justin and pulled him back into his arms.  “Sunshine, I want to marry you soon.  I want you to know how much I love you and I want us to spend our lives together. I want to wake up with you every morning for the rest of our lives.  Well, I am afraid at some point we may have to be separate for a night or two but we will always come back and be together here in our home.”

“It can’t happen soon enough for me.” Justin rolled to his side and with his head propped on one hand he ran the other one across Brian’s forehead pushing his hair back.  “Wouldn’t it be ironic if the judge would marry us before Dad gets sentenced?”

“I don’t think that would ever be possible but maybe  we could…. Sunshine, you trust me, right?”

“Of course I do!” he lowered his head and kissed him lightly.

“Well, just believe me when I say it won’t be long.”

“Ok, Bri.  I believe you.”

Brian saw the tiredness engulf him.  Between the bourbon and the hot tub, not to mention the stress, he was exhausted.  “Shut your eyes, Sunshine.  Sleep so you’re ready for another day.”

Within minutes Justin was snoring lightly.  Brian couldn’t believe how much he loved that sounds. Brian had a plan he hoped he could pull together.  He fell asleep planning.


Justin and Brian woke up and got moving the next morning.  After coffee and a bite to eat they went their own ways. Brian had a conference call and Justin was meeting Dani in the pool house.  He really had really done well since Dani had been there.  He didn’t need the intense therapy anymore. Three sessions a week would do fine leaving plenty of time for Justin to do his art which was great therapy itself.  Jusin arrived before she did which was unusual and when she hadn’t arrived ten minutes later he decided he would go to her house and check on her.  He looked around the property as he strolled along.  He could tell they might need to hire a different gardener.  He wondered if they could really afford all this or if Brian was just doing it for him?  Maybe he would talk to Lindsay and see if she knew some place he could try to sell some of his work or maybe actually have a show himself. 

As he came to the guest house he could see Dani through the window.  She was sitting by the table slumped over.  Justin rushed to the door and tried the knob.  It was locked so he started knocking.  She lifted her head and stood slowly before walking to the door. Once she had unlocked it, Justin rushed in and took her in his arms.  “Dani, what’s the matter? Is there something wrong? Is it the baby? Are you in pain?”

Dani hiccuped and tried to take a calming breath but she seemed to start crying harder.  “I...I’m late…..I am so sorry….”

“Sweetie, calm down.  Being late is no big deal.  You could have told me to come here. Let me make you some tea.  I know you like tea in the morning.  Would you like that?” She nodded and he turned on her water  kettle.  Soon he had poured the boiling water into her cup and brought it over to her. He pulled a chair a little closer and put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her a little closer.  “Now, what has gotten you so upset.”

“Last night….” hiccup, “Craig called me from jail,” she sighed and took a sip of her tea. “He wants me to support him at the trial. Obviously, I won’t and I told him so.  He wanted to fly into a rage but since he was in jail he kept his temper. But then I started thinking about going to court and I know I will be called. Mel told me I would but I don’t want to.  I don’t want him to know I am pregnant.  He will know.  I just know he will use it against me somehow. And he will be so mad!”

“Dani, we will not let him bully you.  You’ll be moving up to the house anytime you want, actually.  Mom and Molly are leaving today.” 

“I would like that. I think hormones made it worse and then I couldn’t sleep and….”

Justin pulled her close, “Once you are in the house you can text us if you can’t sleep. I will come rub your back or talk to my little brother and…”

“Justin, please don’t get attached to him.  You know I will be giving him up for…”

“Dani, you haven’t told a couple yet have you?”

“No, I was just given four couples to look at. It is really hard to choose.”

‘Dani, what if I want to adopt him.  I want to raise him as a son.  Gus could be his big brother.  You don’t have to say anything right now. Just think about it.”

“Justin, you’re serious? Is Brian in agreement?”

“He is hesitant.  He is worried I can’t handle it physically but I told him in two months…”

“In two months, if you keep working like you do, physically you should be strong enough.”

“He’s worried, and so am I, that I will get one of my headaches and just not be able to take care of him.”

“Justin, I will need to know if you’re serious soon because I have to let the agency….”

“Dani, I want to raise my brother as my own. I want him to know that he was loved enough by his mother to want the best life for him possible and I want him to know that his brother and sister want to be part of his life.”

“Oh, Justin, you don’t know how happy that would make me.  But Brian has to be on board…”

“You leave Brian up to me.  When you talk to the adoption agency just let them know a family member is going to take the baby and ask them what we need to do for paperwork to make it legal.”

Dani hugged him tightly.  “What are we going to do about your father?”

“I can’t worry about him.  He is out of my life. He will never be in my child’s life.  This child will have love and support and I will keep him from the worst this world has to offer.” Justin kissed her cheek.  “You take the day off.  Pack up your things and Brian and I will come and move your stuff later today.  I promise to do some exercises today.  Now I think I will go back to the house and find out when we will be going to the courthouse and when Mom and Molly plan to leave.”

“Justin, please let me know what time it is and then call when it’s over.”

“I will, Dani.  Rest and relax today.  Use the pool if you like. Take care of yourself and our son.”

Justin walked back to the main house and after entering he went straight to the office to find Brian.  By now he should have heard from Mel. He walked in and went over to the desk.  He pulled Brian away from the desk and sat on his lap and kissed him.  “Have you heard from Mel?”

“I did just a few minutes ago. It is the first thing after lunch so we will leave here about 12:30.  I was thinking we could have lunch with your mom and Molly and I think they will be leaving about then, too.”

“He called Dani last night.  She was a mess this morning. He started out nice wanting her to sit on his side for support.  When she said no he started making threats. You know how he is.”

Brian kissed him again, taking some time this time.  If Justin was in his arms he wanted to kiss him. “Why do I think the two of you talked about more than that.”

“Well, after I made her a cup of tea and she calmed down a little, I told her I wanted to adopt the baby.”

“Sunshine, I thought we were going to hold off on making that kind of decision.”

“Brian, I know we are a couple and I know I should have talked to you first but, love, that little boy belongs with us, we’re family.”

“Justin, I…. We don’t have time for this right now but I am not saying yes.  You are reacting out of emotion and a situation like this is much more….”

“Brian,” Justin’s voice was sharp as he stood up, “you’re right, now isn’t the time but, be careful sweetheart, this is a make or break decision.” Justin walked to the door.  He turned around and looked at Brian once more, “Please, Brian, don’t make me choose.  I think that would kill me. I’m going to go pack up our room.”

Brian watched him go. Fuck! Why couldn’t life be simple for a while? Did they really need this on top of everything else? He wasn’t sure this was the right thing to do but he could never live without Sunshine again, so he really needed to start working on the idea he had.  He emailed Cynthia and started putting his plan into action.


At 11:30 Molly knocked on Justin’s bedroom door and then walked in. “Hey, Molly, are you and mom about ready to leave?”

“Ya, Mom thought we could have lunch together before we leave. She’s making it now.”  Molly looked at him, “You’re going to see Daddy today, aren’t you?”

“Yes, and once that is over, Mel is going to arrange a meeting for you.  Remember, you can back out anytime if you change your mind.”

“I know you don’t understand but I need to see him. I know you said he did all of that stuff, and in my heart I know that’s true but I just have to….I have to know if he loves me at all.  Did he ever love me?”

Justin put his arms around his sister, “Oh, Molly, I feel so responsible for this!  It was because of me all this started.  If I hadn’t pushed him, he and Mom might still be married and you would have grown up in ….”

“Justin,” Jenn said from the door, “your father and I were on rocky ground long before you came out.”

“Mom, I just know you have been through hell and Molly feels abandoned and….” Justin rubbed his temples.  Molly walked over and got a pill for Justin and then handed it to him along with a bottle of water.

“Justin, after Dad left I know Mom was much happier.  She smiled a lot more and that made me happy.  I wish Dad had stuck around or at least wanted visits but ….” she stopped talking.

“Let’s have lunch,” Jenn said.  “Molly, why don’t you go get Brian.”  Molly looked at her mom and kissed Justin on the cheek before she left the room.  “Sweetheart, you can’t think you are to blame for your father and me.  I have told you that before.  We would not have been together much longer.” Jenn looked at Justin.  “You look like you need a nap before…”

“No, I’ll be fine.  Mom, I didn’t want to say it in front of Molly but, I am going to adopt Dani’s baby.”

“You’re going to….. Justin you are not even 21 and you are recovering…”

“I hope Brian will agree but I told him it’s me and the baby or I can never make a commitment to him.”

“Has he asked you to marry him?”

“Mom, I hope we will get married. I can’t imagine life without him.”

“Oh, Justin, I can’t believe I am saying this as young as you are but you two belong together.” Jenn took his hand, “Let’s go eat lunch.”


Molly knocked on Brian’s office door. He had let her know from the first day he was working that this was his place for business and she had to respect that.  “Brian, may I come in?”

“Sure, Molly, what is it?”

She opened the door and walked in, “Lunch is ready and then Mom and I are going back home.”

“Ok, I’ll be there in five minutes.”

Molly hesitated, “Brian, before I go, I want to thank you for taking such good care of my brother.  I love you, almost as much as I love him.”

Brian walked over to the young girl and hugged her. “Oh, Molly I love you and your mom like you were my own family. Now, I’ll be right out.”

“Ok, Brian.  Oh, by the way, Justin has one of his headaches and I know he won’t tell you.  He has had one of his pills.”

“Thanks, Mollusk. Three minutes.”


Once Molly and Jenn had left, Brian and Justin quickly changed to get to the hearing.  “How are you, Sunshine?”

“I’m fine,” he said in a flat voice.

“You are not fine and you shouldn’t be.  Has your headache been stopped at least?”

“It’s not bad.” He pulled out his phone and texted Dani.  He said they were leaving and he would contact her as soon as soon as it was over.

“You’re lying but I know you won’t stay back. Please don’t try to hide this stuff from me.  I won’t stop you from doing what you have to do but let me know so I can help you through it.”

“Brian, just being next to me helps me.” Justin kissed him and then took his hand. “Let’s move these suitcases out of here before we leave.  I told Dani she could move in anytime if she wanted to clean it up a bit.  It was just cleaned so other than the sheets it is ready for her.

“Sounds good to me. I think we need to start looking into a housekeeper.  I know Dani will help but she will only be around a couple months.”

“What about a nanny, Brian?”

“I will not be forced to talk about this now. We need to go or we will be late.”


Brian and Justin were escorted into the courtroom and sat next to Mel.  The district attorney came in and sat opposite another table where Craig’s attorney sat. Justin recognized him as his business attorney. Mel leaned over and whispered, “I am sure he will hire another attorney as soon as this is over.”  Next Craig was escorted in.  He had a fading black eye but there were new bruises around the other eye plus the way he was walking in, it was obvious something else hurt from the way he moved.  He looked Justin directly in the eyes as he moved to his seat.  He didn’t say anything.  He just sat down.

“All rise,” the bailiff said and the whole courtroom stood as the judge walked in and sat behind the bench.  The district attorney read off a list of charges and Craig pleaded not guilty. Then the judge spoke to Craig and his attorney, “Before I decide where the defendant goes do you have anything to say?”

“Yes, Your Honor. My client has not had as much as a parking ticket in his life.  I think you will find this is a misunderstanding between family members and I would like to suggest that my client is released on his own recognisance. He is a businessman that would like to keep his store running.”

Mel leaned forward and whispered something to the district attorney.  He nodded and stood. “Excuse me, Your Honor, but that is not quite true.   Less than a month ago Craig Taylor had a restraining order placed on him for his ex-wife and daughter.  We have evidence that after it was put in place he made over 100 attempts to contact his ex-wife.”

Craig’s attorney spoke to the district attorney, “He didn’t attempt to see her in person.”

“The restraining order said NO contact but my guess is the only reason he didn’t try to see her was he had no idea where to find them.”

“My client also says he hasn’t been allowed to see his daughter for two years even though she has asked to see him.”

“Excuse me, Your Honor, may I have just a moment?” the judge nodded and the DA turned around to Mel who quickly explained the Molly situation.  The DA continued, “It appears Mr. Taylor chose not to see his daughter for the last two years and we will be working on setting up a meeting for Mr. Taylor and his daughter as soon as it can be arranged.”

“We’ll take a ten minute break.  I would like to meet with the attorneys in my office.”

Once the judge had left along with the attorneys, Brian looked over at Mel and asked, “What do you think that is about?”

“I am guessing they are trying to decide on the fairest confinement.” 

While Justin looked at Mel, he could see his father over her shoulder.  Craig was laser focused on Justin until Brian felt Just begin to tremble.

“What’s your problem, Craig, lost your control of the situation? Getting worried what might happen?”

Craig couldn’t stop himself.  He softly said, “What are you doing here, Kinney? Going to attack me again or are you too tired from fucking my son.”  The guard made him turn around just as the lawyers walked in again and everyone stood for the judge.

Once everyone was sitting again the judge let them know his decision.  “After reviewing all the details, I don’t think holding Mr. Taylor in jail is needed but he will be fitted for an ankle monitor and will be remanded to his house 24 hours a day unless he is required to be at the courthouse.  His attorney will need to notify authorities if for any reason he needs to leave his home. He will be remanded to jail until the ankle bracelet can be fitted.”

The guard put handcuffs back on him and he was led out of the courtroom. Once the judge and Craig were gone the DA turned around to meet Brian and Justin and to talk to Mel.  “That actually went just as I had hoped.  I didn’t think they would lock him up without a record but the messages to his ex-wife was just what we needed to get him house arrest and, even though he wasn’t told this yet, he will have limited phone calls.  He will be able to call his store and his lawyer.  Any other calls will have to be made in his lawyer’s presence. Oh and that includes texts.”

Justin let out a sigh as he sagged against Brian.  “I know we have lots to talk about but I need to get Justin home.” Brian looked at Justin to see if he wanted to talk but he just used him for support.  “He still gets massive headaches from his injuries but he insisted on being here.”

“What was going on when we were coming back with the judge?”

Mel spoke up, “Craig couldn’t help himself and tried to taunt Brian and Justin. Kinney, you handled yourself better than I expected since I know that old bruise on his face is from you.”

The DA looked at Brian, “I take it you went looking for him? Do I need to know about this?”

“Mel, I need to get him home.  Please answer any questions for me and if there is something you don’t know make sure he has all our contact information.” Brian kissed Mel’s cheek as he held on even tighter than earlier.

“I will, Brian.  Take care of him.” As Brian helped Justin, Mel said, “That man annoys the hell out of me but he loves Justin desperately and he is a great father to his son who happens to be my wife and my son.”

“It is obvious they care about each other.  Let’s get a cup of coffee and we can talk details.”


Justin slept all the way home and by the time they arrived at the house, Brian had called Dani. She opened the door as soon as Brian stopped the car. “Do you want help getting him upstairs?  One of the guards is nearby if you want help.”

Brian came around to Justin’s side of the car, “Justin, can you walk?”  There was no response.  Within a minute one of the guards came around the corner.  He was a massive man and easily picked Justin up he asked where to go and Dani led the way while Brian followed behind.  Dani opened the bedroom door and Justin was deposited on the bed.

“Thank you, James,” Dani said to the guard.

Brian patted the massive man on his shoulder, “James is it?”

“Yes, Mr. Kinney.  I hear it is one of my last shifts here.  I hope Mr. Taylor is alright.”

“James, can you wait downstairs for me.  I’ll be down in five or ten minutes.”

“Sure.” he smiled at Dani as he walked out.

“Dani, you seem to know him a little. I know I have seen him around the property.  I am looking to hire someone for security around here.  Do you think he would be good for the job?”

“I think you need to talk to him.  I think he would be willing to do a lot around here.  His boyfriend just moved away and I think he has a lot of time on his hands.  I am just thinking about lawn care. Maybe he would be interested in a caretaker type job.”

“Thanks, Dani, I will be right down.  I am just going to get him undressed and under the covers.” As Dani closed the door, she saw Brian, ever so gently, sit Justin up and slipped his shirt off.  “Sunshine, you need to sleep.” As he talked he unzipped Justin’s trousers and tugged them off after taking off his shoes.  “I’ll be back in a little while, Justin.  You just sleep, love.”  Brian kissed him softly and pulled a sheet over top of him before he moved out of the room. 

When Brian got downstairs, James was sitting by the counter with a glass of ice tea in front of him. “James, I hear you might be interested in a job.”

“That depends on what the job is,” he smiled at Brian.

“Well, I am looking for a caretaker for the place, a jack of all trades really.  I am no longer in need of guards like we have had but I still want some security around the place but I also just need someone who can do minor repairs.  Do you have those skills?”

“I can swing a hammer.  I did some house painting in the summers while I was in college so we always seemed to have to fix a board or two and before you ask, I love working outside and have done plenty of mowing and a little other gardening and landscaping.”

“I have one more question before I go back to check on Justin.  Would you be willing to live on the grounds?  Dani can tell you about the house.  She just vacated it.  I want security on the grounds a majority of the time.  That doesn’t mean you can’t leave.  We can discuss a fair schedule later.  You are welcome to have guests and if you give us a heads up the pool and the hot tub are available.”

“Yes, sir, of course I will have to look at a contract but from what you just said I am very interested.”

“James, I think we can work something out.  Please give Dani your information and I will have my business manager put a contract together.”

“Thanks Mr. Kinney.  You don’t know how much I appreciate this.  I think this is just what I was looking for and didn’t even know it.”

“It’s Brian and Justin, please.” Brian  walked over and got a couple bottles of water and a couple snacks he knew Justin might like.  “I will be in touch in the next couple days.”  Brian sprinted up the steps.

James looked at Dani, “Is he always that attentive? It appeared that way every time I saw them together.”

“They are definitely mates for life. They belong together.  The way I understand it, Brian was quite the playboy but once Justin was bashed he realized how much he loved him and he just knew he wouldn’t be happy playing the field.”

“He obviously doesn’t remember me and he shouldn’t.  We didn’t run in the same crowd but we ran in a parallel one.  I was at a lot of the same places he was.  He could have had any many he wanted in the place. Justin was so hot, too, but in a very different way.  They were the couple to watch. I remember Justin’s bashing and then his death.  I was shocked when I got this job and found out he was alive.”

“Well, I would love your company around the estate.  I will be here until the baby is born.”

“Then, do you and the baby have plans?”

“The baby and I have different plans.  I am not interested in being a mother yet so I am working on plans.  He will have a good home.”

“I am sure he will.  If you need anything, Dani, just give me a call. I better get back to my job.” 


Brian entered the master suite and looked around.  Justin wasn’t in bed and he was about to worry when he heard noise in the bathroom. He walked in and saw Justin standing in front of the commode. He could see he was a bit unsteady so he walked up behind him and slipped an arm around his waist. “I’ll hold it for you if you like.”

Justin relaxed against him, “I’m not sure I’m up to what that would lead to.” He turned and kissed Brian’s jaw. “How did I get up here?”

“James carried you.”

“The guard that’s been working here?”

“Ya, Dani and him must have struck up a friendship.  I like him.”

“Yes, I remember him from Babylon.  He used to be there most nights.”

“How do you remember that?”

“I loved you but I always wondered if his dick matched the rest of his size.”  He finished up and pulled up his briefs.  He turned into Brian’s arms.

“Maybe I regret what I just did.” He lead Justin back to the bed and made him lay down but this time he joined him.

“What did you just do?”

“I offered him a job as our caretaker.  He would be in charge of security for the place as well as doing minor repairs when needed and he will decide what is needed for lawn care and landscaping.  I don’t expect him to do it all but he will let me know how much help he needs.”

Justin put his head on the pillow right next to Brian’s, “You are putting a lot of trust in someone you barely know.”

“I trust the security company he works for.  They are very thorough when it comes to hiring their guards.  I know they all have college degrees connected to law enforcement somehow.  I just got a good feeling about him.”

“I’m glad.  I think I will like him around when you are at work.” Justin smiled at Brian and winked. 

“Maybe I will withdraw my….” Brian stopped talking as Justin undid his fly and slipped his hand in.  “Oh, Sunshine,  are you feeling up to this?”

“Ya, I’m not feeling very creative but I want you.”

Brian quickly slipped out of his clothes and got back in bed with Justin. Justin just offered Brian his back and Brian slipped in.  They lay still for a few moments but then they found their rhythm.  They moved slowly and deliberately climbing higher and higher and together they climaxed.  Brian held on to Justin even tighter when they were done.

Justin spoke first, “You haven’t said anything about condoms recently.”

“I actually have thought about it quite a bit. I would never do this with anyone but you and now that there is only you, I do love the feel of your flesh around me.”  Brian’s lips tracked Justin’s neck, still buried inside him.  “You were so out of it by the end  of the arraignment we didn’t talk about it but at least we know he is locked up now and when he gets out he won’t be able to leave his house. I know Mel was going to call your mom.  I hope she  feels comfortable with this.  Of course, he could be locked up for a couple days.  It can take them that long to get the ankle bracelet.”

“I honestly just want it to be done.  I want to go on with my life.  I want to see some of my friends.  Do you think any of them will contact you?  I would love to see the old gang.  Do you think we could have them over next weekend?”

“Are you sure you want them here all at once? I am thinking that might be a bit overwhelming.  I was thinking about inviting Ted and Blake over later this week.  Ted is going to put together a contract for James so maybe when he has it ready they could join us for dinner and a dip.  It won’t be long before it will start getting too chilly for the pool.”

“Maybe you’re right.  Ted and Blake would be great and then maybe on the weekend Ben and Michael or Emmett and, does Em have a love right now?”

“You know Emmett.  That might depend on the day. They’ll start calling and we will just have them over a couple at a time.”

Brian slowly started moving again and before long they had cum again.


Dani made dinner for the three of them and then she watched a movie while Justin and Brian went for a swim.  The evening air was cool but the water felt great.  They had warned Dani they would probably skinny dip at night and she said she didn’t care but if they wanted her to go to her room she would.  They weren’t shy.  

And so a new chapter in their life began.  Two days later they, as well as Jenn, were told Craig would be back at his home by the end of the day.  That was the same night Ted and Blake were going to come for dinner along with James coming around before the meal to sign his contract.  Justin, along with Dani, made dinner for all of them.  Dani used it as a therapy session as Justin used different muscles preparing the food.  

“Are you excited to see your friends?” Dani asked as she stirred some sauce on the stove.

“Yes, but for some reason I am nervous.  It doesn’t make sense because I have already seen Ted and Blake isn’t a threatening type.  I guess it is just because I have done so little socializing.  You were the first person I talked to when I came out of the coma. Maybe that is why I have always felt comfortable with you.  How is my boy doing?” Justin brushed his hand across her tummy. “Oh, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t do that without your permission.”

“Justin anytime you want to say hi to your son you are welcome.” She smiled at him.  “I think everything is under control here. I am going to lay down for half an hour and then I will be back to help finish up.”

“I think I can finish it myself if you are too tired.”

“No, I just need to get off my feet for a bit.


And before Justin knew it guests were about to arrive.  Brian finished his work and came out of the office before Ted and Blake arrived.  Once they arrive Blake and Justin hugged for quite a while. “I can’t believe you are here and you look as good as ever,” Blake said as they separate. 

“Ya, it’s odd for me too.” Justin was a bit quiet.  It was like his brain couldn’t keep up with too many things going  on at once.  They sat on the sofa while Ted sat at the table with Brian and James finishing the contract.  James was very happy with the contract details and was going to start full time next week. After the business was done, the men  enjoyed the meal Justin and Dani had made and then they ended the evening in the hot tub.  By the end of the evening, Justin felt more comfortable and as they said goodbye to Ted and Blake, he turned and kissed Brian.  Thank you for knowing what is best for me better than I do.  Two at a time was as much as I can deal with but I enjoyed that.  I want a normal life again.”

“You are doing so well, Sunshine. Let’s go to bed.”  

As they walked up the steps Justin’s phone sounded.  It was from Jenn.  It said ‘Molly meets with Craig tomorrow. I will call you in the morning.’

“Do you think she knows what to expect?” Justin asked Brian.

“I don’t know but if Jenn wants us to talk to her we will be there when she needs us.” Brian said as they ascended the steps. “But right now, I just want to lay down on that amazing bed with you in my arms and get a good night's sleep.”

“Are you sure you don’t have the energy for anything else?” Justin asked as they reached the top step and Justin ran his hand over Brian’s ass.  

 

“Well, maybe we should take a shower first.” Brian tugged Justin’s shirt off and soon they were both nakes under the streaming water.


Chapter 9 by Simply written

Chapter 9


Brian and Justin were in the kitchen when Justin’s phone rang.  “Who calls you at 7:00 a.m.? Who thinks we are up this early?”

Justin picked up his phone.  “It’s Mom.  I’ll put her on speaker.” He answered the phone, “Hey, Mom, I have you on speaker.”

“Good morning.  Sorry, I woke you.”

“Mom, we are in the kitchen drinking coffee. Brian is a busy man.” Brian was standing behind Justin, rubbing his crotch against Justin’s ass and Justin laughed.

“Don’t tell me what you two are doing.  I love you both, by the way.” They both responded in kind as she continued. “I want to talk about Molly before she is up. She is so excited and so scared at the same time.  I know everything I have said is going in one ear and out the other.  I can’t push it because I know my feelings will come into it and that’s not fair to her.  I am afraid she will think the same thing if she only hears it from Justin.  Brian, I know how busy you are but do you think….”

“Jennifer, what time is she meeting with him?”

“She is having dinner with him at 6:00.  She will get home from cheer camp about 4:00.”

“We’ll both be there at 4:30?” Brian stated and asked in the same statement.

“Oh, thank you both. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“Mom, you never have to worry about that.  We will see you then.”

“She will probably call you, too.”

“That’s fine, Mom.  We will see you this afternoon.”  The call ended and Justin turned to looked at Brian.  He could feel his erection against his own. “How do we tell Molly to watch out for his bullshit?”

“I think we just tell her. But as much as I would like to finish what I started…” he thrust against Justin, who wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck, “I have to get to work if I am taking off at 4:00.  Can you bring me some lunch around 1:00? I am going to have to reschedule a meeting I had this afternoon.” After one long kiss, Brian was gone.


Dani and Justin had a long therapy session that morning.  He still had some frustration while working with her and after a string of profanity he stormed out of the pool house and went directly to his bedroom.  He spent an hour up there, taking a shower and then feeling guilty for his behavior.  He would have sat there longer but he realized he needed to bring lunch into Brian soon so he went down to the kitchen only to find Dani already in there.  

“Am I welcome?” Justin asked sheepishly. 

“Of course you are.”

“Dani, I am so sorry for blowing up.  I don’t….”

“Justin, I know what to expect from my clients.  I will never hold that against you.  You are trying to get back skills you know you did easily.”

“You are too nice.  I promise I would never get that angry with my children.”

“Oh, Justin, I know that. That’s why you got so upset.  You want to be the best you can be for Gus and for this little guy.” The two hugged.

“I need to get some lunch to Brian.  He is working straight through because we have to meet Molly later.”

“Would he be happy with a salad? I have some chicken that could go on it and we have some crusty bread.”

“That will be perfect.”  Ten minutes later Justin was knocking on the office door. “Babe, I have some lunch for you.”

“Come,” Brian’s voice snapped. Justin walked in to find Brian on the phone.  He walked over and set the salad down on the desk.  He kissed Brian’s cheek and started back out the door. “Hold on,” he said into the phone.  “Sunshine, wait.”  Justin stopped.  “I’ll get back to you tomorrow with those revisions.  Have a nice afternoon.” Brian hung up, “Come back here. I need a real kiss.” 

Justin walked over and sat on Brian’s lap.  He brought his mouth down to Brian’s and he felt Brian’s body relax.  When their mouths separated, Justin asked, “Is something wrong?”

“No, this client is just being so unreasonable.  I want to tell him to fuck off!”

“Why don’t you? You’re the boss.  You don’t have to….” Justin stopped for a second.  “Bri, I don’t need to live in a place like this.  I would live in a one room apartment if it meant being with you.”

“No, well, maybe some of that is the reason. Kiss me again so I can think,” Brian smiled at him and Justin obliged. “This is the biggest campaign I have ever come up with and if it goes through, I will feel like I have made it.  This one alone is worth more than anything I have done in the last two years. This will put me on the map and clients will come to me.  I will be able to relax a bit and enjoy life with you.”

“I love you, Brian, no matter what happens.”

“Love you, too, Sunshine.  Thanks for the lunch.  Come get me at 3:30 so I have time to shower and change before we go to your mom’s.” He grabbed Justin’s neck and brought his head down for one more kiss.  “God, what you do to me…. Go before I get any more distracted.” 

Justin walked out with a smile on his face.  He looked at his phone and then saw Dani.  “Dani, can you make sure I am back in this house by 3:50?  I am going out to work on some artwork.”

“Sure, go on.  I’ll set my alarm and make sure you are back inside by then.”

Dani strode out to the pool house a few minutes early.  She wanted to ‘spy’ on Justin for a few minutes.  She was fascinated by his art skills and loved watching him when she was able.  She stood in the doorway silently as Justin touched up a painting.  She had seen it in the corner but had never seen him work on it.  It was of Brian and Justin.  It was so obvious in the portrait that they loved each other. Justin nailed the expression of adoration on his face and Brian’s look was the purest love she had ever seen. She could see the additions he had made today and she didn’t think he could make it any more perfect. 

“Excuse me, Justin but it is time for you to get ready.”

“Oh, thanks.  What do you think? It is my first painting since….”

“It is stunning, Justin.  I mean it is absolutely stunning. I can’t imagine it being any better.”

“I have never shown it to Brian.  I don’t know what he’ll think.”

“He will think he's in love with a very talented man. I mean I loved the sculpture you did of yourself, too, but this shows how close to real you make things look.”

Together they started walking back to the main house, “Dani, please don’t tell him about it.  I want to contribute to this family and I am going to see if Lindsay can get a few of my old and new pieces displayed and maybe sold.  Brian is working so hard for us…”

Dani heard the hitch in his voice, “He wouldn’t do it if he didn’t love you.”

“I know but he’s nearly killing himself for us and a sick Brian isn’t any good to any of us.”

“Brian knows you will help when you can.  Right now you get Brian and you and I will talk about some plans maybe later.  Maybe we can get some of these things sold.”

“Don’t expect us for dinner.  I think James is going to start moving in tonight so maybe text him and find out for sure.  I would feel better knowing someone was here with you, especially with my father out now, although he will be with my sister.”

“I’d be fine but I will check with him.  I could make him dinner if he is going to be out here.”

Justin knocked and walked into the office.  Brian was working on the computer.  “Hey, just about time to get ready to go.  In case you are interested I am going to take a long, hot shower.” he put his head between Brian and the screen and kissed him, inserting his tongue into Brian’s mouth and danced around his mouth for a second.  When Justin tried to break from him, Brian held him there for another moment, this time pressing his tongue into Justin’s.  When Justin managed to stand he was breathless. “Shower,” he said as he stumbled toward the door.

“I’ll be there as soon as I finish this email.” Brian rubbed his crotch, “Oh, hell, I’ll call Ted on the way to your mom’s.  Brian rushed to catch up with him.

Forty-five minutes later they were in the car headed to Jenn and Molly. Justin loved that he could still feel the stretch in his ass from their recent lovemaking. And he loved the fact that Brian looked more relaxed. 

“We should probably have a game plan for this conversation.” Brian said, reaching over and taking Justin’s hand.  “I think you should start but if she started doubting you, I’ll jump in. Sound like a plan?”

“Yes, I have a feeling she will have to hear it from you again.  I know you talked to her earlier but she needs a reminder that she is not going to find the loving father she wants.”

“Do you have any idea who is taking her to his place?” Brian asked.

“Mom didn’t say.”

“Well, let's volunteer to take her.  I know someone is going to be with her in the duplex but I think it will help if she knows someone is just outside, in case she wants to make a quick escape.”

“Brian, thank you.  That’s perfect.”  He brought Brian’s hand to his lips, “I think that will make her feel good and if she doesn’t eat there we can take her out to eat.  I think we both know she isn’t going to eat much with him.”

“If it wasn’t so sad I’d take bets how long it will take to piss her off.  One thing about your sister, she isn’t going to take shit from anyone.  She learned that from you.” Brian said as he pulled up in front of their condo.

“And I learned it from you.”  They kissed before getting out of the Jeep. 

As Jenn opened the door they could hear Molly in her room, “Where is my pink top? I told you I wanted to wear that when I meet daddy!”

“She’s been like this since she got home.” Brian and Justin walked in and both kissed Jenn.

“How long has she been home?” Justin asked.

“Almost an hour and I know she finished her shower but other than that I am not sure what she’s done.” Justin could see how stressed Jenn was.  “And I have to drive her there and sit outside that place knowing…”

“Jenn, we are planning to take her. And she will know we are waiting for her no matter when she is ready to go home.”

“Oh, Brian, Sweetheart,” she turned to Jusitn, “Thank you but are you sure you want to do that? I mean, Justin, he will be right there.”

“Yes, he will, and if he leaves that house the police will be on their way.  We’ll be fine.” Justin said as Molly’s rant got louder. “I’ll try to calm her down.”

“I’ll be right there,” Brian said. As soon as Justin was out of ear shot he continued, “Jenn, Justin will be fine.  He needs a chance to come to terms with some things, too, and I think helping Molly will help him.”

“Brian, you are helping him so much.  Without you….well without you he would still be alone in that crappy apartment getting no therapy and we would still think he was dead.”

Brian hugged Jenn and then moved down the hall.  

Justin was still outside the door.“Mol, come on, let me in.  Brian and I want to talk to you.”

“NO, you are just going to tell me not to trust Daddy and that he doesn’t love me.”

“Mol, I never said that.  In fact, I told you…

Brian walked up and tried the door knob.  The door opened so Justin and Brian walked in.

“Get out of here! I didn’t tell you you could come in.  You will only want to lie to me.  You hate Daddy!”

“Molly Taylor, that is enough,” Brian said sharply.  Your brother loves you and that’s why he cares about you.” Brian’s arm went around Justin.  “Now listen to Justin.  He knows what he is talking about. I will be right outside the door,” he kissed Justin and walked out the door.

Now Molly’s eyes were filled with tears.  “I’m sorry, Justin.  I know what Daddy did and I know how wrong he was to do what he did but he said he wants to see me.  He must love me if he wants to spend time with me.”

“Oh, Mol, like I said a long time ago, he loves you because you're HIS.  Of course he loves you but he doesn’t know how to love like a normal dad does and I know it is my fault. He wouldn’t have done any of this if I hadn’t ….”

“Justin, you were just being who you were and I will tell Daddy that. Do you really think he loves me?”

“He loves you but there will always be strings attached.” Brian was standing in the doorway.

“What do you mean there will be strings attached?” Molly asked Brian.

“He will tell you he loves you more if only….”

“If only what?”

“If only you tell the judge that you are lying.  If only you say he is a wonderful father.  If only you tell your mom he’s changed. If only you tell Justin what a mistake he has made… He will love you if you are his little girl and do what he says.”

“Brian, he won’t do that.” Molly stood with her hands on her hips.

“For your sake I hope you’re right and if I’m wrong, you can tell me so but, Mol, Justin and I are going to drive you.  We will be outside in the car the whole time.  If you stay the full time that is fine, we’ll find something to do.” He kissed Justin. “But if you want to leave for any reason earlier we are fine with that.”

“Ok, when do we need to leave?”

Justin looked at the clock.  “We need to be on the road in 10 minutes.”

“Ok, I’ll be ready in five. Now, get out of here.”


At 5:55 they pulled up in front of Craig’s duplex.  Brian noticed the front door didn’t match the frame around it.  He could still picture how that door shattered the night Craig was arrested.  “Well, someone will be here shortly to go with you into the house.  She is a friend of Mel.  She is just there to make sure your dad doesn’t do anything…” Brian stopped.  “I’m sorry, I know he wouldn’t hurt but you are under 18 and he is under house arrest so it is required by law.”

“I know you think you are looking out for me but I can handle myself. Really.”

Justin smiled at her, “Mollusk, I have no doubt you can.”  Just as he said this a car pulled up and a woman stepped out.  She introduced herself and verified they would be waiting for Molly before leading Molly to the door. “Why do I want to run and grab her like I would if she was in the path of a charging bull?”

Brian pulled Justin nearer to him and he kissed him.  “We have done all we can do right now.”

“I know you’re right but that doesn’t make it any easier.”


The chaperone spoke to Molly outside the door, “Molly, my name is Jane.  I work with your friend Mel.  Do you have any questions about the meeting?”

“I have two questions.”

“Alright, I hope I can answer them.”

“First, can I touch him?  I mean if the mood is right can I give him a hug or do we have to stay separated?”

“You may if you want to.  He has been told that is completely up to you. He may touch your shoulder or hold your hand but if you aren’t comfortable he is not supposed to hold on to you.”

“Ok, that’s good to know.  The other question I have is, I know we are supposed to have dinner together and stay until 7:30 but do I have to stay that long if I’m not comfortable.”

“Molly, you can leave any time you want.  That was your brother out there, wasn’t it?”

“Yes.”

“Is he waiting for you?”

“Yes, he and Brian are going to wait for me.”

“So anytime you are ready, you can go. He can’t tell you…”

The front door of the duplex began to open.  Brian noticed it too and he grabbed Justin and literally pulled Justin onto his lap and started kissing him.  He couldn’t help himself.  He had to rub it in Craig’s face.

Molly smiled up at her dad but he wasn’t looking at her.  His focus was on the Jeep for a split second and Molly saw a look cross his face but he quickly brought his attention to his daughter. “Molly, I am so happy you wanted to come.  I hope you still like pepperoni pizza.”

“Yes, I do. Thank you.” Molly said very formally.

Craig rested his hand on her shoulder as they walked into the house. Jane followed behind. Once inside the building, Craig turned and offered his hand to her, “I find this quite silly.  If you don’t want to stay, my daughter is totally safe with me.”

Jane saw the panicked look on Molly’s face and replied, “This was a decision the Judge made so I will be staying around.” 

Craig nodded and turned toward Molly, “You have really grown up.  You are so pretty.  What grade are you in now?”

“I will be in seventh grade,” she said flatly. “Dad, why did you do it?”

“Molly, what would you like to drink? I have some sodas or juice…”

“I’ll have a soda but you didn’t answer my question.  Why did you lie to everyone and tell us Justin was dead?”

“Molly, I was trying to save him from himself.  I saw him out there with Kinney. It’s disgusting!”  as he said it he looked down at Molly’s expression.  “Don’t tell me he has you fooled.”

“Dad, you don’t know what you’re talking about.  While we all thought Justin was dead, Brian was there for Mom and me.  Dad, you deserted me.”

“Oh, Molly, I was busy with your brother. He needed so much care and…

“Dad, I needed you, too.”

“But I knew you were safe and your brother….”

“My brother would have been better if he would have had his family around.  Even Dani said Justin needed….”

“How do you know Dani?”

“She is Justin’s therapist. He needed help and you left him alone in a rundown apartment!” Molly said loudly.

“Molly, you only heard their side of the story.  You haven’t heard it from my point of view.”

“Well, explain it to me, Dad.  Explain to your daughter how you could lie to me and Mom.” Molly grabbed a piece of pizza and took a large bite, looking directly at him.

“Molly, your brother was too young to make the kinds of decisions he was making and Kinney was taking advantage of him. He was….I can’t even think about what he was doing to your brother.”

“You mean loving him? He was there for him, Dad.  I remember when Brian tried to bring Justin home and you wanted Justin to change.”

“Justin never gave the natural thing a try.  I am sure he would have found a sweet girl...maybe someone like Dani.”

“How could you date her?  She is only a little older than Justin!”

“Dani was a full grown woman, not a boy like Justin was when he got involved with Brian.”

“But Dad, Brian has always been there for him.  He was there for us.  You and Mom had broke up but you broke up with me, too?  Why wasn’t I lovable enough?”

“Molly, I know this is hard for you to understand but I needed to spend time with your brother…”

“The brother you were hiding from me.”

“I needed to take care of him. I didn’t feel like anyone could take care of him except me.”

“Brian could.  Brian would do anything for him.”

“Enough about him.” Craig’s patience with this conversation was running thin.  “I thought you wanted to come so you could get to know me again. I thought you wanted to get caught up with me and my life.”

“Dad,” Molly stood up, “I can’t …. Brian…”

“Stop talking about Brian.  What is so special about Brian?”

Tears were collecting in Molly’s eyes and she glanced over her shoulder to see if Jane was still there. Jane smiled at her but didn’t say anything. “Dad, Brian would have said he wanted to know me again.  But he wouldn’t have to ask about me because he would never leave me.  He asked me how I am every time he sees me.  He listens to me and I know he LOVES ME!” Now she was on a roll, “And you know what? He loves me.  He loves Mom.  And,” Jane saw the wind up coming and had to stop herself from laughing.  “He loves Justin….and HE LOVES HIM AS OFTEN AS HE CAN.  Brian is right!  You are a jackass!”  Molly headed directly to the door.

“Molly, come back here.  We haven’t eaten.  I bought you pizza.”

Molly turned around and put her hands on her hips, “Pepperoni was never my favorite.  Sausage and mushrooms has always been my favorite but you would never have known that.”  She swung the door opened and looked back, “Jane, are you coming.”

“Yes, Molly, I’m coming.” She knew she should just leave but she stopped and looked at Craig, “Mr. Taylor, your daughter is a very bright and observant girl.  She must get that from her mother.”  She followed the spunky redhead out the door.


Justin stayed on Brian’s lap.  He loved feeling Brian’s arms around him.  “Do you think she’s alright?”

“Sunshine, we prepared her the best we could and she can handle herself.  She’s been sparring with me for two years.  We did the best we could and we were honest with her. We let her know what to expect.  I hope for her sake we were wrong but I’m afraid we were right.  

“Brian, will you talk to me about the baby?”

“I have a feeling there is nothing to talk about.  I’m not saying I think it is a great idea but I know you won’t let this go and, god, I love Gus so much.  It is almost like we are being given the chance to have a child of our own and although I wish it was a couple years from now, our sons will be able to grow up together. Brothers should be close.”

“Are you serious? You are willing to….” Justin saw Brian looking at something and when he looked toward the house he saw Molly first walking and then running toward them.  They both got out of the Jeep and met her.  

“Get me out of here.  Get me out of here NOW.” Justin started putting his arm around her but she stopped him.

“No, don’t do that.  I don’t want to cry here.

Brian met Jane in the middle of the street. “She is one smart girl and he is one giant asshole.  I’ll give my report to Mel and she will pass it on to you.  Go get that girl something to eat and if she was a few years older I would tell you to get her a double anything but I guess she will have to settle for a shake.”  Brian shook her hand and jogged back to the Jeep, still feeling a twinge from the bruised ribs.

“Justin, how can we be related to that idiot.  How can we….”  as Brian jogged up, Molly fell apart.

The three stood there for several minutes.  Brian and Justin held onto her tightly for several minutes and then she slowly pulled herself together.  “Let’s go eat.  I am really hungry  now.”

“Where would you like to go? You name it!” Brian bent and kissed the top of her head.

“Can we go to Primanti Brothers? Or will it be too busy?” Molly asked.  “I want to go someplace fun. I want to be in a room full of people.”

“Climb into the back.  Let me make a quick call.” Brian walked a few feet away and talked on the phone for a minute.  When he returned he said, “There will be a table for three waiting for us when we get there.”

Molly leaned forward and kissed his cheek.  “I told Dad I could always count on you.”

It was after 10:00 when Brian and Justin dropped Molly off.  They had already texted Jenn to tell her what had happened so when they brought her home, they just waved at her from  the Jeep as Molly ran into the house.

As Brian pulled away Justin looked over at him, “Who did you call to make that happen.  Normally we would have had to wait a couple hours for a table.”

“I worked with the manager on a fundraiser a year or so ago. He’s a great guy and that place does have the best pastrami on rye in the world. I am so full.”

“We may have to go swim a few laps to work off some of those carbs,” Justin commented.

“Oh, I plan to work off the carbs but not in the pool.”

As they headed down the road in the dark, they held hands. “Brian, are you really willing to adopt the baby?”

Brian brought Justin’s hand to his lips and placed a lingering kiss on the back of it, “Sunshine, I can’t say no to you and you are going to be such a wonderful father, but we do need to get more help.  It’s not that I don’t trust you but until we know you are over those horrible headaches I don’t want you left alone with him all day. Do you agree?”

“Of course I do.  I only want what is best for him. We will have to talk to Mel about this.  Can we both adopt him if we aren’t married?”

Brian squeezed his hand, “Maybe we don’t have to worry about that?” He pulled into the driveway and parked the Jeep in the garage.  Now they could see each other in the light of the garage. “Justin, let’s go away this weekend.  I was going to surprise you on Friday but I guess I can’t keep a secret. Cynthia’s family have a house on Lake Erie and it will be free this weekend.  Thursday I plan to close this deal and I need to celebrate.  I need to spend one on one time with the man I love. They kissed as they met in front of the Jeep.

“I can’t think of anything I would rather do as long as James will be around for Dani.  I don’t want her to be here alone.”

“Well, we will check first thing in the morning.  Now, let's go burn off those sandwiches and fries.”  Brian smacked Justin’s ass and together rushed up the stairs.


The next three days went quickly.  James promised to stay around for the weekend and Cynthia gave Brian the direction and the keys to her family’s cottage.  Brian had seen pictures of it. It was small but with all the amenities they could want, including a beautiful view and a sandy beach. On Thursday, Brian spent the day in the office.  It was late when Brian finally got home.  Justin had warmed up some soup that Dani had made and Brian looked exhausted when he entered the house.

“Oh, Bri, are you sure we shouldn’t just stay here this weekend? We could just hang around the…” Justin set a bowl of soup down in front of him and Brian pulled him close.

“Absolutely not.  I’ll be ready to go in the morning. I will pack when I get up and we can….”

“I already packed all your basics.  All you will need to do is grab anything I didn’t put in there.  I figure we don’t need a lot of clothes.” Justin kissed him and then stepped back. “Eat your dinner and then we can get some sleep.”

“Fine, we can sleep tonight because I plan to make love all weekend.”

“I love the sound of that, Brian.”

“Sunshine, I wasn’t sure I was going to tell you this but you deserve to know.  Hobbs has petitioned the court to have a retrial.  He can’t be charged with murder anymore.”

Justin looked at him and a flash of fear came across his face.  “As much as I hate to think of him out on the street, it’s true.  He probably will be out soon.  I don’t have to ever see him again and I hope I never do.”  He got silent for a minute, “As much as I hate to say it, he has been in prison for over two years.  That is probably a lot more time than he would have gotten if they thought I had made it. I don’t know how I’ll feel about it until I see him.”

Brian walked around the  counter with  his empty bowl.  He put it in the dishwasher and then took Justin in his arms. “That doesn’t surprise me but I am not so forgiving.  You could have effects for the rest of your life and you are willing….”

Justin put his arms around Brian’s neck, “Just never do anything that will get you locked up.  You promised me we won’t be apart.”

Brian pulled him close, “I’ll try to remember that.” By the time Brian finished kissing Justin he said, “Maybe I do have enough energy to…”

Justin pulled Brian’s hand and they ran upstairs.


When they came downstairs in the morning, Dani had coffee ready for them along with some fresh fruit and toast. “Thanks, Dani.  You didn’t have to do this,” Justin said as he poured them each a cup of coffee.

“Well, you didn’t have to have James promise to be around. I would be fine.”

Brian put an arm around her expanding waist, “This place is a little bigger than your apartment.”

Dani laughed, “That is very true and I am having a hard time seeing my feet, I don’t think I could crawl under the sink to turn off the water. And I really like James. He is so sweet, and I guess if I have to look at him….”

“If I’m honest I have been known to watch him when…” Justin was saying when Brian pulled him backward on the stool and kissed him. By the time he set Justin back up he wouldn’t or couldn’t let go of him.  

“Well, I will be right back.  I am going to make sure James has all the information he needs because I am not sure if we will have cell service. You,” he kissed Justin once more, “throw the food we are taking along in the cooler.” Brian saw the look on Justin’s face knowing that was more an order than he meant it to be.  “Please,” he kissed him again, “I’ll be back in about 10 minutes.”

Once Brian was out of the room, Justin sat down on the stool and rubbed his temple.  “Justin, are you getting a headache?”

“Please don’t tell him.  I took a couple of my pills and I’ll be fine,” Justin said as he put the cooler next to the refrigerator.

“Just promise me you’ll take care of yourself.  You have no reason to stress this weekend.  The man you love is taking you away so relax and if it doesn’t get better take a nap on the road.”

“I will, Dani.  Thanks for getting all this food together for us.  When we get back….”

“Justin, don’t think ahead.  Enjoy the now.”

“I will, Dani.”

“Promise?”

“Promise what?” Brian asked as he walked back into the house.

“Oh, she said we needed to try the pasta dish she made and I said we would.”

“Well, James said he would be around all weekend so just call him if you need anything.” Brian picked up the cooler.  “Did you remember the liquor?”

Justin held up the picnic basket he was carrying. “We should have plenty. Now, let’s get out of here.”


A half hour into the drive Brian stopped talking after telling Justin all about his new client and he realized Justin was sound asleep.  He hadn’t mentioned it but he knew Justin had one of his headaches.  He had seen him take his pills but he understood Justin’s need to just be normal again. This weekend was going to be perfect.  He had made so many plans. it had to be.

They arrived at the cabin around noon and Brian unloaded the food and their clothes before he went out and woke up Justin. He noticed it looked like they were in for a storm.  The sky was getting darker and in the distance he could see lightning. “Hey, Sunshine, it’s time to wake up. We’re here.”

Justin’s eyes fluttered open. “Oh, I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to fall asleep and for so long.”

“How’s the headache?”

“You knew? Of course you knew. It’s much better. It’s kind of chilly up here.”

“Yes, but there is lots of firewood and I promise to keep you warm.”

Justin reached down and cupped Brian’s balls. “I am ready to warm up right now.”

“I like this cabin already.  Did I tell you I already started the fire and there is a rug in front of it? And it looks like we better get inside before it starts raining.” Brian slipped his arm around Justin’s waist and walked up the steps together.

They unpacked the cooler together and then set the wine and bourbon on the counter and put the beer in the refrigerator. 

“And now,” Brian ran his hand over Justin’s crotch and then focused on undoing his fly. “Let’s get you out of that clothes,” Justin was naked in seconds and then it was Justin’s turn to take Brian’s clothes off. And then together they sank to the rug.  Brian pinned Justin on the rug and with his mouth crushing Justin’s, his hand stroked and squeezed  Justin’s balls and cock.  At times it was almost painful but it also excited him and when Brian flipped him and pulled him up on all fours he thrust in hard and fast. It only took moments before both of them were crying out.  Brian then brought Justin up and, still joined, he wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders just as the world outside exploded.               

“Holy shit! That’s what I call a climax,” Justin said as there was another crash.  He stood and grabbed a quilt off the back of the sofa. “Let’s go sit on the porch and watch the storm roll through. There aren’t any neighbors nearby are there?”

“No, no one nearby. They walked out sharing the quilt and then sat on the swing that looked out over the lake.  The air had gotten much cooler in the short time they had been there and they sat close arms and legs entwined as the thunder rolled. 

The waves on the lake crashed on the shore as the storm rolled through.  They sat in silence until the storm calmed down. “Sunshine, I have something planned for tomorrow, if you agree to it.”

“Brian, what are you talking about?”Cynthia’s uncle is coming by.

“Oh well, sure.  Is he just passing through or something?”

“Justin, her uncle is a judge in Canada.  Remember those papers I had you sign a couple weeks ago?”

“The ones you said were for an insurance policy?”

“Ya well, it wasn’t a total lie.  Her uncle has a boat and he is going to take us into Canadian water and marry us, if you agree. I know it isn’t legal here but it will show our son that his fathers made a commitment to each other.  We want to be a family.  We want to be his family.”

Justin opened his mouth but nothing came out.  He looked at Brian and then at the lake and then back to Brian. He put his hands on Brian’s face and kissed him. “Baby, are you  serious? You and me, we get married? Are you sure?”

“Sunshine the only thing I have been more sure of in my entire life is that I could never live without you and I want to marry you and parent with you.  I love you, Justin Taylor!”

As their lips met there was a break in the clouds and a beam of sunlight came onto the porch. When they separated, Justin said, “I love you, Brian Kinney, but how could you not tell me?  What am I going to wear? This is my wedding.  It should be perfect and all I brought was jeans and T-shirts.”

“Don’t worry.  First of all you would be the most gorgeous man on earth no matter what you wore but I brought something along for you to wear. I actually got us matching outfits.  I know that is really stupid but… You like that idea don’t you because if you don’t, I brought something else I could wear if you don’t want to wear the same….” Justin’s mouth crushed Brian’s. 

It was only a matter of minutes before Justin was straddling Brian and sinking down on Brian’s erection.  “You are the most perfect man!”  With that Justin started the rhythm as Brian sat watching his face, as together their world exploded again, but this time not because of the thunder but because of their love.


Brian and Justin spent the rest of the day just enjoying each other.  As the sun began to set, Justin put the pasta Dani had sent along.  Tomorrow night they would celebrate with steaks and hopefully, the judge would come with the champagne Cynthia promised.  

As they sipped red wine and ate the pesto pasta Dani had made, they talked about the future.  “I have asked Mel and Lindz if we can get regular visitation with Gus.  I know they would never purposely keep him from me but without something in writing it is just too easy to start making excuses again and I want Gus to know his baby brother and I want him to know I love him as much as the baby.”

“Brian, I’ve been thinking about names.  We can’t keep calling him the baby. What do you think of the name Aaron James.  Aaron means brother so it is fitting for my son and James is a family name.  That way he is a Taylor through and through.”

“Actually, we didn’t talk about it but I am hoping he is a Taylor-Kinney through and through.”

“Yes, oh yes!  I love that.”

“I have already started getting the paperwork together for the name change.  That is for you and me.  Aaron will be given the name at birth.”

“I can’t believe all of this is happening.  I…” Justin grabbed his head.  “Damn, not now.  I will not let my headache ruin the best weekend of my life.”

“I’ll go get your pills and you will relax the rest of the night.  Then by the morning you should be feeling better.  No more wine tonight.  You go upstairs to the bedroom and start filling the massive tub I saw.  I put our stuff in the first door on the left.  I will put the food away and come up in a few minutes.  Then you and I can sit there together and plan the rest of our lives.”


By the time Brian had straightened up the kitchen, Justin had gotten into the tub of steaming water.  Brian smelled lavender and mint as he walked in.  Justin lay in the water with his head back. Brian kissed him.  “Scoot up, Sunshine.  Let me in behind you.” Brian sat and wrapped his arms around Justin as Justin’s head dropped on his shoulder.

“Brian, I don’t think I should marry you. You will be stuck with me and these debilitating headaches.  How can I think I could be a father to a baby? I can’t even take care of myself.”

“You don’t have to because there is no longer a you and me.  There is we and we can handle anything together.  Even if you could do nothing else but sit in a chair, you would give that little boy more love than I could dream of.  Our son will always have love.  I can hire help.  I can hire someone to help with his physical needs but you and I can love him like no one else.”

 

Brian kept talking as he felt Justin’s body relax against him.  He brushed Justin’s hair off his forehead, “I love you, Sunshine.  We can do this.  We can do anything together.”


Chapter 10 by Simply written

Chapter 10


Justin woke early.  He didn’t remember getting into bed.  He remembered pain and he remembered Brian holding him.  He still had a dull thud in his head but it was much better.  If he was honest he didn’t remember the last time he didn’t have pain somewhere. He stretched and his eyes fluttered open and he had to get his bearings for a minute.  The lake cabin.  That amazing storm.   He first looked one way and could see the lake out a large picture window and then he turned to find what he was looking for. 

Brian lay on his side with one hand stretching out toward him.  Brian asked him to get married.  They were getting married today. How could he think about getting married? But he needed to marry him.  He couldn’t raise a baby on his own.  He looked at Brian and thought, who was he trying to fool.  He loved that man so much.  He couldn’t imagine breathing if he wasn’t in his life.

Justin moved closer and brushed Brian’s hair off his forehead.  That seemed familiar.  Brian had done that to him last night. He remembered now how Brian had helped him get out of the tub and as he leaned against it, Brian dried him off and then got him in bed. He had to get better.  He had to be able to function. 

Brian’s fingers closed around his and he brought it to his mouth.  “Good morning, Sunshine.  It looks like a beautiful day for a wedding.”

Justin moved across the bed and Brian pulled him into his embrace. “Brian are you sure…”

Brian’s mouth claimed Justin’s, stopping the sentence. When they finally moved away for a deeper breath, Brian said, “The only thing I have ever wanted more than to marry you was for you to be alive and since I have that I can think of nothing I want more.  When we get back home tomorrow, I will start looking for the right person to fit into our lives to help with Aaron and with Gus when he visits.  We have a little time so we can find the right person.”

“I love hearing you say our son’s name.  Aaron James Taylor-Kinney. He is going to be everything my father isn’t.  He is going to be kind and loving.  He is going to care about his family. He is…

“Did I mention you and I are getting married today?” Brian smiled from ear to ear.

Justin had to laugh at the look on his face, “Yes, I might remember hearing that.”  Justin sat up and did his best not to show the pain he felt but of course he couldn’t hide it.  

“The headaches will get better once our lives get on a normal schedule.  I mean you are basically done with therapy and your father has been arrested.  Soon things will be less stressful.” 

Justin sat up slowly and moved so he was above Brian. He slowly lowered his mouth to Brian’s chest.  He began to drop light kisses all over and then worked his way down to the flat, taut stomach. Justin moved off him and physically turned Brian to his side so he was facing him.  As he took Brian in his mouth, Justin began to run his hand from Brian’s balls backward.  As he stroked the perineum his thumb began to graze Brian’s bud and then it slipped inside him and Brian lost all his senses.  The only thing he could remember was  how much he loved this man.

After they showered and had a little breakfast, they went upstairs to get dressed.  “So do I get to see what I am getting married in?”

“I figure it will be chilly on the lake and I thought it is our wedding day so….he pulled out a garment bag.  I just brought along trousers and long sleeve button downs. I thought maybe sometime we would want to have a little party with friends.  I know we are going to see Em this week because he has insisted on coming but I want to celebrate with all of them.  Two weeks from this weekend it is Labor Day weekend.  Does that sound like a good idea?”   Brian watched Justin bring his hand to his head.  “Fuck!  We don’t have to do anything.  Why did I have to add more stress?”

“No, darling, that would be wonderful.  I do want to see all our friends and this is definitely time for celebration.  Now, let me see if you know my size. I’m going to the other bedroom and change.” He kissed Brian and said, “See you in a few minutes.”

“The boat will be here in 30 minutes.”

“I’ll be ready in 15.” Justin grabbed his toiletry bag and walked out, shutting the door behind him.  His stomach started getting butterflies as he unzipped the garment bag he saw a cornflower blue shirt.  The fabric was some of the softest he had felt. He slipped out of his robe and he pulled on the chinos that had been in the bag along with the shirt.  He zipped them up and looked in the mirror.  They looked like a tailor had made them for him.  The waist and the length was perfect. He went into the bathroom and shaved and styled his hair.  He put a little cologne on before returning back to the bedroom where he slipped on the shirt.  He looked at his reflection as he tucked the shirt in and then he rolled up the sleeves.  He wished he had taken time to get a haircut but this would have to do.  Spending time by the pool this summer had bleached out the ends so it didn’t look too bad.

Brian pulled on the burgundy shirt and tucked it into his pants.  They were just like Justin’s.  He hoped he had gotten the measurements right.  He could barely wait to see Sunshine.  He couldn’t wait to be with him for the rest of their lives.  He couldn’t stand there any longer.  He left the room and tapped on the other bedroom door, “Sunshine, I’m going downstairs unless you want help tucking your dick in?”

“Now isn’t that romantic.  I will be downstairs in a couple minutes.”  Justin waited just long enough for Brian to get downstairs before he left the room.  Had he ever been so nervous and so excited all at once?  He descended the stairs, taking each step, deliberately.  Brian turned around and he caught his breath.  He knew that was the right color but seeing it on him with the tanned skin and the bleached hair was beyond what he pictured.

Justin saw Brian waiting for him.  He could not love this man more.  The color of the shirt made his lips look even redder and all he could think of was kissing them, feeling those lips on his skin…

Brian met him at the bottom of the staircase and then as Justin stood on the bottom step, Brian looked up and wrapped his arms around him. Their lips met as Brian slowly lifted Justin off the step and set him on the floor. They were both too distracted by each other to notice the approaching boat until it was docking.  “Our chariot awaits,” Brian said in his ear.  “Let’s go get married.”

Justin took Brian’s hand and they walked out the door together. As they walked toward the dock, Justin looked at Brian.  “I am so nervous. I think I might be sick.”

“I hope they are good nerves. This is our day.  This is the day I have dreamed about for two years.  Not that I planned for it to be on a boat but right now I can’t think of any place I would rather have it.”


An attractive older gentleman stood at the steps to the boat, “Mr. Kinney, so nice to finally meet you.”

“Your honor, the pleasure is ours and please, I’m Brian and this is Justin.”

“I feel like I have known you for years.  My niece thinks very highly of you.  I needed a witness so I hope you don’t mind I brought my partner, Tom, with me. We have been together for 25 years but it seems like yesterday most days.” A good looking man in his 50’s walked over and shook both their hands.

“Well, Kevin, I seem to remember several rough patches but it was always worth working through.” Tom kissed the judge.  “Why don’t we cast off so we can get this wedding started?”

Ten minutes later they were heading toward the Canadian side of the lake. The four men sat in deck chairs and drank wine as they took the half hour ride.  A deckhand came down as the engines were cut to inform them they had crossed the border.

“Well, gentleman, are you ready to get married?” Judge Kevin asked.  “I guess I didn’t ask what you really wanted for the ceremony but I think I know you well enough.  Brian, I know you were devastated when you thought this man was no longer alive and to see you two together I can see that Justin feels the same about you.  You are following your hearts and your souls.  Is there anything the two of you would like to say  to each other?

“Sunshine, it is fitting that we are standing here on this sun drenched deck.  Justin Taylor, I didn’t know what life was until I met you and I didn’t realize it until I thought I had lost you.  Your family has taught me what love is and now I am so glad you and I are now going to raise our own family together.  I love you.”  Brian couldn’t stop himself.  He kissed Justin softly on his lips.

“Hey, we aren’t up to that part, yet.” Judge Kevin chuckled.

“Old man, you remember when you couldn’t keep your hands off me.” Tom smiled at his love.

Kevin laughed.  “If I remember right, it was last night. Justin would you like to say something to Brian?”

“Brian,” Justin reached out and touched his cheek.  “You literally saved my life and now we are going to ….” Justin couldn’t continue.  Tears began to roll down his cheeks, “I love you, Brian Kinney and I can’t wait to grow old with you.”

Brian pulled Justin into his arms and kissed him.

“Well, I guess now’s as good a time as any.  “I now pronounce you married.” He looked at Tom, “We may as well join them.” Kevin pulled Tom into his arms and kissed him but Brian and Justin didn’t know.


The deckhand came out with a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice and Tom poured each of them a glass.   “May I make a toast?” Tom asked.

“Please,” Kevin said.  Looking at the new couple he said, “Tom, is the best person at making toasts.” He slipped an arm around his husband.

Tom raised his glass, “To Brian and Justin, may you have a long and happy life together.  There will be struggles of all kinds but may you always remember the love you obviously have today.  May you grow closer together with each challenge you overcome. Congratulations!”

The four clinked their glasses and after a sip, Brian and Justin kissed.  The men chatted about a few minor things and then landed on the upcoming trial. Kevin gave them some tips and as they pulled up to the dock, he let them know he was licensed in Pennsylvania.  

“Thank you for everything, Kevin.”  Brian shook his hand and then Tom’s.

“Yes, thank you.” Justin hugged both of them.  

As they started down the steps, Brian and Justin were handed two more bottles of champagne and they stood there watching the boat as it moved away. When they knew the men were no longer watching Brian felt Justin sag against him.  “Sunshine, hold on.” Brian set the bottles down and then tightened his arm around Justin’s waist.  

“I’m sorry, Brian.  You know if you don’t want anyone to know we did this I would understand.  I would understand….”

“Shut up, Justin.  We maybe didn’t say it but this is for better or worse.  This is for sickness and health.  Fuck, Justin,” he stopped and faced him, “I know there is no use living if you aren’t in my life.  God, I love your body but your soul is so much more important.”  Brian lifted him up and carried him the rest of the way.  He opened the door and put him down on the sofa.  “I’ll be right back.” He rushed upstairs and came down with Justin’s meds and grabbed a bottle of water for him.  

“Thank you, Brian.” He swallowed two pills.  “Go get the bottles.  We will want them later.” Brian pulled a blanket up over Justin and walked out softly.   He went and grabbed the bottles but before walking back into the house, he took a deep breath.  He didn’t regret marrying him for a second but what if...he knew Justin wouldn’t be happy living like this. 

Brian walked into the cottage and found Justin asleep.  He moved to the counter where there was a computer set up. He opened an email and sent a message to Dani.  ‘ Dani, please get an appointment for Justin at his neurologist.  Too many headaches. Hope all is good there.’

 Before Brian could move he received a message back.  ‘All good.  Sorry Justin is having problems.  James’ mom is visiting. Nice lady Opposite the personality of James. Go take care of Justin.’

Brian walked back to the sofa and slipped behind Justin on the large sectional and held him close.  He held his husband close. He didn’t care what came as long as they were together.


James walked into the main house, “Well, my mother will be here by dinner.”

Dani smiled at him, “Is your mom’s visit a good thing or a bad thing?”

“Oh, I love my mom very much and I respect the hell out of her.  If I’m honest, she still scares me a bit.” James walked over to the kitchen, “Can I help with anything?”

“No, just sit.  It will be ready in 5 minutes. So what is your hesitation?”

“My mom knows I’m gay but she isn’t comfortable with it.  She saw me hold hands with a boyfriend one time and, well, let’s just say for the next month she tried getting me a date with every girl in the neighborhood we lived in.  I should tell you, my mother is very young.  She had me when she was just 15 years old so many have thought I was her partner, not her son. She is a stunning woman and a force to be reckoned with.”

“Does she usually make surprise visits?” Dani set a pan on the table and handed him a serving spoon.

“No, and I wonder what has brought her from New York.  She has worked for the same family for many years and they aren’t usually very spontaneous.  I guess I will find out in a couple hours.” He dished up some of the food and smiled at her, “This is very good.  Thank you.” 

Dani was always surprised when she heard James speak.  He had such a gentle voice for such a large man.  She almost wished he wasn’t gay.  He was gorgeous and sweet but a man was the last thing she needed right now.  She had finally realized she wanted to go back to college.  She wanted to complete her doctorate in physical therapy and continue to help people.   

“I got an email from Brian.  I sent a message to Justin’s neurologist. It sounds like he is having a rough time.”

“Oh,” James said and then focused completely on his meal.

“James, what does that mean?”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“No, but your silence speaks volumes.”

“If my mother finds out she will try to get him to take some herbal remedy.”

“Well, if it helps him, I’m all for it.”

“Being raised in Haiti there were a lot of potions and ceremonies.  Mom doesn’t follow all the chants and magic but she has had some success helping people.”


“Well, I am sure Justin would be willing to try anything.  The stress is just making work so it is a vicious circle.”

“Who knows, maybe she will be gone before they get home.  It is an odd time of the year for her to have time off.”

“I can tell you love her very much.”

James smiled at her, “Yes, I do.”  The house phone rang and James got up to answer it.  “Good evening.  You have reached the Taylor-Kinney estate.”

“Well hello, honey.  I don’t know who this is but you aren’t Mr. Taylor or Mr. Kinney. Are Brian and Justin around?” the voice asked.

“No, they are not available this evening,” James responded, “May I ask who is calling?”

“Of course you can ask, sweety.  This is Emmett Honeycutt.  I am a long time of those beautiful boys and I am coming tomorrow to visit them.”

“Mr. Honeycutt, they will not be available tomorrow.”

“Sweetie, what’s your name?”

“My name is James.  I work for Mr. Kinney and Mr. Taylor.”

“Well, James, do you have something you can write with? I want you to get them a message. Get a hold of those boys anyway you can and tell them if I don’t hear back from them I plan to be at that estate to see Justin around 6:00 on Sunday. Oh, and honey, I hope to meet you then.”

“Mr. Honeycutt, was it? I can’t promise they will be home.”

“Well, I guess if they aren’t around you and I will just have to get acquainted.” The line went dead.

“Have you ever heard of an Emmett Honeycutt?”

“Actually, ya.  Go over and get that picture off of the bookcase over there.”

James got it and handed it to Dani.  Dani looked at the picture and pointed out Emmett. “Do you remember him from that club? What was it called? Babylon?”

“Actually, I do.  He was the kind of guy that was everyone’s friend.  Well that’s not quite true. He was either your friend or watch out!”  James got quiet.

“And were you a friend?”

“Well, I don’t know if I was but I think I would like to be.”

“Well, James, maybe you will get your chance.” Dani kissed his cheek and got up just as the phone started buzzing letting them know someone was at the front gate.  James quickly looked at the screen that showed the gate.  He picked up the phone and pushed the gate button and then responded. “Mom, glad you made it.  Just stop at the main house.  I am here having dinner.”

“Oh, son, I can’t wait to see you.” Veronica Augustin’s voice didn’t have the normal lilt it usually had.  His mother rarely sounded depressed but tonight she did.

“She sounds tired.”

“No, it’s more than that.  Something has happened.”

“Well, I will go into my room.  You offer your mom some dinner and then take her back to your place.  I will clean up after you have gone.”

“Thank you, Dani. You don’t have to….”

“See you later. Call me if you need to talk.”  Dani disappeared into her room as James jogged to the front door.

James opened the front door and saw the face of his mother.  He wrapped his arms around her and turned a circle.  “Oh, my handsome boy.  And look at this house you work in.”

“It is so good to see you, Mom.” He glanced over her shoulder and saw her car was full with what looked like all of her belongings. “Please, come in. Are you hungry? Would you like something to drink?”

“Really, James, all I want is to go get settled at your house.”

“Ok, Mom. Follow the road to the right and I will meet you on the road and you can follow me to my house.”

Ronni got in her car and James went back through the house.  He knocked on Dani’s door and just said, “Mom wasn’t hungry.  Call if you need something.  See you tomorrow.”  With that James was out the back door making sure the door was locked and he jogged to the road and led his mom back to the guest house.

“Mom, what do you want brought in right now.”

“Boy, just grab the overnight behind the driver’s seat.”

“Mom, are you going to tell me what is going? Are you staying here?”

“Son, can we talk about it later?”

“Sure, Mom! Let’s get you settled in one of the spare rooms and we can talk later.”

“I will go get settled in and we can talk later.” James tried to take her bag so he could carry it up the steps but she held on to it. “No, James.  I have it,” she snapped at him. But she instantly regretted it.  “I am sorry, my love.  I am just tired. I will be down in a little bit.’

An hour later James was still waiting for her.  He finally heated up some of the soup that Dani had made and with a piece of bread, he put it all on a tray and carried it upstairs.  He walked to the door and was sure he heard her sniffling.

“Mama, I brought you a little dinner. May I come in?”

“I am not hungry, James,”

He opened the door anyway and carried in the tray.  “Mom, you need to eat something. I wish you would talk to me.  I am not a child anymore.” 

“I know that.  You are a grown man who loves his mother.  James, thank you for the soup.  I promise I will eat it and then we will talk tomorrow?”

“Alright, Mom.  I have to go out and check the grounds once more before it gets completely dark.  Text or call me if you need anything and I will be back in about an hour.”

Veronica walked to her son who towered over his mother and kissed his cheek.  “Thank you, James.  I love you.”

“I love you, too, Mom.”


The sun was setting when Justin woke up. Brian felt him move and brought his mouth to the soft skin below his ear.  “Hey, Sunshine.  How is your head?”

“It seems to be good.  I know it isn’t the cause but it does seem to be worse lately if I drink.  I guess I will have to stick with soda or water.”  He turned to face Brian and pressed his pelvis tightly against Brian’s. “I think I am up for our honeymoon.”

“You are definitely getting there,” he smiled as he rolled so Justin was pressed against the sofa below them as Brian worked his magic and somehow managed to get Justin’s and then his own pants down. He got up and tugged Justin’s chinos all the way off and stepped out of his own before positioning himself to enter his husband. He wasn’t rushing anything.  He took time to unbutton Justin’s shirt and then his own and then with both of them totally naked, Brian’s hands and lips were everywhere until Justin was begging for him to enter him and that is when Brian positioned and, being as careful as he could be, entered him and that is all it took to drive Justin to climax and cum all over Brian’s stomach and chest.

“I love you, Mr. Taylor-Kinney,” Justin managed to get out.

“I love you too, Justin. We will find a solution to this.  I promise, we will find someone to help with your headaches.”

After a few minutes Brian got up and went and grabbed their robes.  When he came back Justin had put on his briefs and was picking up their pants and shirts and placing them on a chair.  “I want to wear these for our celebration later.” 

“We’ll get them professionally cleaned and pressed.” Brian helped Justin with his robe and as Justin tied the belt, Brian wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders from behind.  Justin relaxed against him.  

“Let me make us some dinner.” Justin said as he turned to kiss him.

“Are you sure you’re up to it?”

“I’m fine, Brian.  I slept through it.  I think I’ll make an appointment for next week. Maybe they have better meds for me.”

“I’m glad you said that.  I asked Dani to get one scheduled for you.  I hope she managed to get one.  Oh, I forgot to tell you, Dani said James’ mom is visiting.”

“Oh, that’s nice.  She can help him settle in. It will be nice to meet her.”

The evening was sweet and romantic.  They straightened up the kitchen together and then Justin pulled Brian into his arms.  “You know, I’m here for you, too.  I am sure you feel like you are always taking care of me but I want you to know I plan to be an equal partner.  Dani is helping me set up a site to sell my artwork and take on some commissions.”

“That is great, Sunshine, if you want to.  I don’t know how you will have time to do that with an infant in the house.”

“Well, we plan to hire a nanny.  I know I will need time away and art usually is my escape which I will need if these headaches are permanent.”

“We will search until we find something that helps you.” Brain sat up and kissed him.  “I am going to check emails to make sure everything is good at the estate and then I suggest we take a long hot bath in that killer tub.  Our bathroom is nice but once that place is ours, We are going to do a little remodeling and the first thing I am doing is getting a huge slipper tub for the two of us.”

Justin’s hand roamed over Brian inside his robe. “Don’t take too long. I will go start the water.” He unbelted Brian’s robe and ran his hand down until it rested on Brian’s cock.  It started responding instantly.  

“I will be up in less than five minutes.” Brian watched Justin run up the stairs and walked to the computer, opening the email.

Dani let him know Tuesday he had an appointment scheduled and she had made it for the first thing in the morning because she saw Brian had an afternoon meeting.  She also said that someone named Emmett was going to be at their house at 6:00 p.m. tomorrow because he couldn’t wait another day to see the gorgeous boy.

Brian snarled a little.  Em never could keep his hands off Justin but he was a friend and he had kept him away long enough. As much as he grumbled at Em, he had one of the best hearts he had ever met.

“Brian, I’m pouring in the bubbles.”

Brian closed the computer. “Coming!” He could think of nothing he would rather do than spend the night in the bath with Justin.  As he took the steps two at a time he pictured Justin with Aaron in his arms. Adding Gus to the picture, he had a family and nothing would distract him from always doing what is best for them.

Brian slipped into the tub with Justin and soon both of them forgot the world  and as the night grew later and they moved to the bed, another storm rolled through. As the thunder shook the windows and the lightning lit up the room. Justin watched Brian sleep and couldn’t believe how his life changed in four months.

Brian mumbled in his sleep and reached for Justin who slid into the curve of his body.  They were made for each other, physically and mentally. Justin felt safe in this spot.  He always had and always would.


James smelled wonderful aromas coming from downstairs when he woke up.  He dressed and went to find his mother.  He had been awake half the night trying to figure out what might have happened that brought his mother here. His mother was singing  a song he remembered from when he was a child.  He never understood it all but he got the jist.  It was about a wayward lover.  Had his mother lost a lover?  

As he got to the bottom step, his mother smiled over at him.  “Jamie boy, you have slept half the morning way.” James looked around and saw his mom had brought in several bags and boxes.

“Mom, are you going to tell me what is going on? You said you were coming for a visit but it looks like you might be moving in.”

“If you don’t want me here I will pack my car and leave,” she moved to one of her boxes.

“Mom, you  know that’s not what I meant.  I am worried about you.  You have worked for the same family for so many years.  Did something happen?”

“Sit, I will get you some breakfast.”  Ronni filled his plate with sausages, peppers and  eggs. 

“Mom, where did you get all this? I didn’t have this in the house?”

“I went up to the main house.  That is a real kitchen.”

James ate a few bites and sighed, “Oh, Mom, I have missed your cooking and you. Now, tell me what is going on.”

“The family grew up and grew apart.  The house is for sale and they are getting divorced.  After 20 years they don’t need me anymore.  I thought maybe I could find a job in this area so I could see you more often.” 

“I would love that, Mom.  Would you like to raise another baby?”

“Oh, James, that is exactly what i want. Do you know someone who has a baby?”

“My bosses are going to have a baby in a month or 6 weeks.”



“Mom, I take it you are still avoiding the fact I am gay and someday, the only way you will have grandchildren is if I find a surrogate.”

“But, James, you have everything a woman wants.”

“Mom, I also have everything a gay man wants.” He walked over to her and put his arms around her.  “I am sorry I am such a disappointment.”

She took a step back and looked up into his eyes.  “You may have chosen a path I am not fond of but I am always proud of you.  Never doubt my love for you, son.”

“Oh, Mom, I know that but you still think it is a choice.  It is who I am.”

“Finish your breakfast. It is getting cold. Tell me about that big house. I heard someone in a side room but I slipped out.  I didn’t want to scare whoever it was.”

“That would have been Dani and she didn’t hear you or she would have called me.”

“A girl who calls my son?” 

James saw the spark in her eye.  “Mom, she is almost eight  months pregnant and as soon as she has the baby she will be moving on.”

“A mother who doesn’t want to raise her own child?” Ronni gave her son a look.

“Mom, you don’t know her story and I will tell it to you sometime but don’t you dare say anything like that to her.  She is a wonderful woman who has been dealt a bad hand.  Not everyone is you.  I wouldn’t have wanted another mother but not everyone can do what you did.”

“I will behave! Will this Dani let me cook in that amazing kitchen?”

“Oh, I am sure she will. She is a good cook but she is getting tired. Oh, and there is an herb garden I am sure you will help me with.  I am not sure what it all is but I am sure you will know and make the best of it.”

“Herbs?” her voice perked up.  “When can we go?”

“Well,” James ate the last bite of his breakfast, “let me brush my teeth and we can go.  It is time for me to make my first security check of the day, anyway.”

Ronni and James walked around the property. James made sure there was nothing out of place. “Son, considering the fence around this estate isn’t a security guard overkill?”

“This family has a reason.  And I am not only security.  I am basically a caretaker for the estate.”

“You, with your college education, are a caretaker?”

“Mom, it’s not something I will do the rest of my life but I really like this people and I think, Brian, Mr. Kinney, will see that I am doing a good job and I don’t doubt he will help me find something else when the time comes.”

“Well, it sounds like you have found some good friends. Now tell me why they need security.”

As they finished the security check James told his mother about Justin’s bashing and then about the faked death.

When he had finished telling her the basics, she stopped.  “How could a father do that? How is Mr. Justin now?”

“Plagued with headaches.  They are debilitating.  When the headaches hit he can’t do anything.”

“Well, I will have to mix him up a tonic.  I am sure it would help.  I know because of his injury I may not be able to cure it but my old ways medicine might help at least.”

“I am sure he would be willing to try anything.”

“Now, can we go see this herb garden and meet Dani?”

“Yes, Mother.” he draped an arm around Ronni’s shoulders as they walked to the back garden. 


After she looked through the herb garden and did some weeding while she did so, they moved into the house.  She already had her pockets full of  different herbs. One pocket was full for herbs she knew were good for pregnancy and the other contained some she wanted to dry for her headache potion. 

Dani loved Ronni immediately.  She was a stunning woman with a personality that was bigger than life but in the best of ways.  She was instantly your friend and, although she didn’t look much like a mom, she began mothering everyone.  

“So, Dani, I would guess you have one month left?”

“Yes, five weeks according to the doctor.  As big as my ankles are I hope it is less than that.  I can’t imagine how big they’ll be by the time he gets here.”

“Well, I can’t promise this will solve that but if you drink a couple cups of this a day it will help.” Ronni set a cup down in front of her.

‘What is this?” Dani asked.  “I saw you putting it together but it is nothing I have seen before.”

“It is an old Haitian potion.  We have lots of them.  I promise it is just made from herbs in the garden.  You may not enjoy the taste but, trust me, by this afternoon you will beg me for another cup.” 

Dani took a sip.  She couldn’t say it was a pleasant taste but it wasn’t horrible.  “This isn’t so bad.  I have tasted a lot worse.  I am not that good a cook.”

“Dani, you aren’t a bad cook,” James interjected.

“Thanks, James.  I guess I’m not bad but I’m not that good either.”

“Well, Mom, I have some work to do.  I am sure you can stay here or go back to my house.” James said as he walked to the door.

“Yes, Ronni, you are welcome to stay,” Dani said.

“Well, I can tell you that there is plenty of weeding for me to do in that garden and it would be nice to get to know this friend of my son.”  She gave Dani a little hug.  “When are the masters of the estate scheduled to return? I am anxious to meet them.”  Ronni was saying as James left the house.


Brian felt Justin’s mouth close around his member. God, life didn’t get any better. He was with the man he loved, his husband, and what that man did to him. Just as that thought crossed his mind, Justin’s hand moved between his legs and his finger moved inside of him.  As his finger targeted his prostate, Brian lost control. As Justin took care of every drop all Brian could think of was wanting to feel more than his finger against his prostate.  Justin moved up into Brian’s arms.

“Good morning, Mr. Kinney.”  Brian could taste himself on Justin’s kiss. 

“Good morning, Mr. Taylor.”  Brian pulled him close. “Fuck, I love you more today then yesterday and I didn’t think that was possible.”

“I love you, too,Brian.”

“Justin, make love to me.  I want to feel you inside  of me.”

“Are you sure?” In response, Brian turned, offering his back to Justin. 

Without hesitation, Justin positioned himself and then, in one fluid motion, he slid deep inside of him.  It always amazed him how Brian, even if it had been a couple months, had a way of relaxing himself that allowed him to move easily and yet still tighten around him enough to make him lose control. He held on as long as he could but then let out a cry as he filled Brian.  He collapsed back on the mattress.

Brian rolled over and wrapped his long arms around Justin’s naked body.  “I should have gotten married years ago.”

“And who would you have been married to?” Justin asked quizzically with a smirk on his face.  “Are you talking about marrying me on my 18th birthday or was there someone earlier.  How many times did you say all it was was fucking.”

“It was a lie.  I think I fell in love with you the first night when I had to show you what rimming was.”

“Oh, and you showed me so well.  I probably would have married you that night. I had no doubt I loved you.”

After another round of lovemaking the men took a long, hot shower and then went down to find some breakfast.  As they ate they talked about their plans for the day.  

“Did I tell you Emmett is coming about 6:00.  If you want to spend the day here, we can get him a message,”  Brian said casually.

“Em is coming?  Oh, I have missed him.” Justin was excited thinking about seeing another old friend.  “Can we go home?”

“If you hadn’t shown me how much you love me several times this morning,” Brian pulled him close, “I might get a bit jealous.”

“You know Em and I are just friends.  I have missed him. I have missed my normal life.” Justin dropped his head on Brian’s chest.  “Em loves a good party.  Maybe he will organize it for us.” Justin kissed him once more, “Let’s go home.  We can spend some time at the pool. A little skinny dipping always makes us both feel better.”

“You have to remember we have two women at Britan now.  Dani’s already seen all my bits but not yours and we have an older woman there now.  Have you seen any pictures of James’ mother?” Brian asked.

“No, I haven’t.  Have you?”

“No,” Brian started chuckling, “Why do I picture a jolly, round woman with a thick accent?”

“Brian Kinney, are you falling into stereotypes?”

“Don’t tell anyone. It would ruin my image.”

“I know you don’t have a prejudicial bone in your body.  That’s one of the first...well second things I fell in love with about you. Brian, you are one of the most generous men I have ever met.  You don’t want people to know it but you always give people a fair shot.  Now, let’s pack up the  car and go to our place for the first time as a married couple.”

“I love the sound of that!” Brian swatted Justin’s ass as he ran up the stairs.


It was nearly 4:00 p.m. when they opened the gates of the estate. “Britan.  I know we joked about that name once but I like it.” Justin said as they drove up to the main house.  “I think we need to make a few changes to make it our home now.  Do you think we could get a sign for the front gate? I mean I know it is your place but we both live here.”

“Justin, don’t you realize that there is no longer any yours or mine.  It is all ours.  I will get Mel to draw up the paperwork.  Everything I own is yours, too, Sunshine, and everything you own is mine.”

“But I don’t own anything.”

“Sunshine, someday you will have made more money from your art than I will ever be able to make from advertising. In my old age, I will be able to sit back and live off my young husband.”

“I hope that is true.”  Justin said as he opened the front door.  He was instantly hit by the amazing aroma of something cooking. “Did Dani take cooking lessons in the couple days we were gone?”

“I don’t know but if this tastes half as good as it smells I …..”  

“Well, are the masters of the house home?” a strongly accented voice came from the kitchen.

“I forgot about James’ mom,” Brian said softly as a stunning woman came to greet them. “You can’t be James’ mom.”

“Ah, but I am.  Jamie boy said you would be home for dinner so I hope you don’t mind that I am cooking. I hear you have a friend coming.  Dinner will be ready at 7:00. Go enjoy the rest of your afternoon.”

Justin and Brian glanced at each other and then they saw Dani strolling their direction.  “I can tell you two it doesn’t pay to argue with this woman. Go enjoy the pool or each other or the pool and each other.  I think James will be out there soon.  He was finishing some lawn work in the back and then planned to cool off back there.”

“You know you could enjoy the pool yourself,” Justin said, slipping an arm around her expanded waist.

“I can’t fit in the swimming suit I bought a month ago.”

“You don’t have to wear a suit.  Any shorts and a shirt would do.”

“I think I’ll pass.  I’ll come and join you under an umbrella to be social.”

“That sounds good.  We will be out in a few minutes.” Brian and Justin moved toward the steps and then Justin looked back at her, “By the way, your baby will now be adopted by a married couple.” Justin and Brian shot up the stairs leaving Dani there with her mouth hanging open.

“Did those boys just say they were married?” Ronni  asked Dani.

“I think that is what they meant.”

“But that isn’t legal in the U.S. is it?”

“No, but it is in Canada.”

“And you think it is alright for two men to get married? And you would let them raise your child?”

“Ronni, there was a time in my life I might have questioned that but those two men have more love and compassion between the two of them that no one could doubt their ability to be a family.  Brian already has the most adorable son who is almost three and this baby, well, he is related to Justin. I am so glad that I know this baby will go to a family member that will give him a great life.”

“I think this is a story for another time.  I thought you might enjoy my mixture in iced form since it is still warm out there.”

“Ronni, you are an amazing woman.  You care about everyone even if you disagree with them.”

“There are too many things in this world to hate. Racism, sexism, political points of view…. I may disagree with a person’s beliefs but if they are a good person, I will treat them with love and kindness.”

Dani hugged the woman and  smiled, “I wish everyone had your point of view.  I know now why I love your son so much.”

“You love my boy?  Maybe  if you…”

“James is like a brother to me and, as attractive as I find him, he is not interested in the parts I have.  Ronni, is that the one thing you can’t come to terms with? You know it was nothing you did but it wasn’t his choice either.”

“Dani, it is. I love that boy and I would give my life for him but I just don’t understand this.  In my culture it just isn’t accepted.” Ronni went silent and Dani could see she went into her own world.  Dani kissed the older woman’s cheek and left her with her thoughts.



                                                                                                                         

Chapter 11 by Simply written

Chapter 11


“I can’t believe you got married. I am so excited for the two of you.” Dani had been talking about their marriage for the last 45 minutes.  They had told her every detail about the boat ride and the ceremony.  James had arrived and was enjoying the water along with Brian and Justin.  

At one point, Justin swam up to Brian and wrapping his arms around his neck said, “God, if we were still into threesomes, do you think James would…”

Brian gently squeezed Justin’s balls through his trunks, “These are only for me, young man.  I will not be sharing you with anyone.”   He kissed him long and hard and when they separated he said, “I suppose we should meet Emmett at the door. Dani what time is it?”

“It is about ten to six. What time is your friend coming?”

“He’ll be here soon and he usually is on time.”  Justin said and looked at Brian, “Let me meet with him first.  You know you will just get upset over things you know you don’t have to worry about.  Let Em and I catch up and, oh trust me, I will prove to you tonight there is nothing to worry about.”

“But, Sunshine,.....” Justin kissed Brian pressing the whole length of his body against him.  “Alright, but I’m holding you to your promise.” Justin toweled off and slipped on a terry cloth robe.

James swam up to Brian, “So what is it with Emmett and Justin? I remember him a little bit from my Babylon days.”

“Emmett is just one of those bigger than life characters.  He likes to be hands on and I have to admit early in our relationship I was jealous of anyone that looked at him.  I know Em wasn’t after him that way but that still is my knee jerk reaction.  Justin was right about spending time alone with him.  He will want to get close and personal and I need to be alright with that.”

“I remember thinking Emmett would be a fun friend to have.”

“Well, my friend, unless he has gotten himself in a relationship recently, I think there is a very strong possibility of that.”


Justin rushed into the bathroom, once in the house and combed his hair.  He wasn’t trying to impress Em but he didn’t want him to think he had forgotten how to look good.  His hair was bleached, his skin was tanned, and his limp was nearly gone.  This was the new Justin and for now he was satisfied with that.  

As he walked out of the bathroom Ronni smiled at him.  “You are looking very handsome. How long has it been since you have seen your friend?”

“Wow, almost two and a half years.  I take it James or Dani told you about my …..”

“About your terrible incident and your horrid father? I can hardly call him a father. But yes, James told me a bit about it. I hear you get headaches.  I may be able to help them.”

Before Justin had a chance to respond the doorbell rang and Justin excused himself and nearly sprinted to the door. He opened the door and there stood Emmett. The moment their eyes met they both teared up as Justin stepped into his arms. “Oh, honey, I knew you were alive but I just couldn’t let my mind accept it.  Oh, I ….” He kissed him.  When he moved back half a step he quickly looked around, checking if Brian was in sight.

“Oh, Emmett, it is so good to see you and you don’t have to worry about Brian, he is out at the pool.” Justin gave Em another quick hug.  “We have an hour until dinner.  Would you like to take a swim before we eat?”

“I don’t have my suit with me and I would rather just catch up with you.  I was so shocked when they told me you were alive and then, with everything going on with you dad, I didn’t want to interfere but when I heard your dad was caught and I still hadn’t gotten an invitation… I just had to invite myself.”

“Emmett, Brian and I were planning on inviting you as soon as we got home. Emmett, Brian and I got married this weekend in Canada.  Brian surprised me and we are adopting a baby soon.”  Justin and Em walked into the open great room.  He expected to see Ronni in the kitchen but then he noticed her outside talking to Dani.

“Oh, honey, that is such amazing news.  After we thought you had died, Brian went into mourning.  It was so obvious he loved you so much and I am not sure if he would have ever gotten over you.  He….” Emmett stopped mid-sentence as he watched James coming out of the pool.  “Who is that Nubian god walking out of your pool?”

“Well, he’s Haitian not Nubian but that is James.  He is our security manager and general caretaker of the estate.  Don’t you remember him from Babylon? He was there quite often although not as much as we were.”

“That’s why he looks familiar.  His hair has changed and it is amazing! Not to mention the fact that he has more muscles than...don’t tell me the exotic woman he is talking to is a girlfriend? He isn’t bi is he?”

“That is his mother, Ronni.  Have you noticed the amazing aroma?”

“It does smell  wonderful.  I was hoping that was dinner.”

“It is.  She just arrived yesterday.  We haven’t even had a chance to find out what her situation is but if the food is half as good as it smells, we may have to offer her a job.”

“So, James is single and gay?”

“Yes, he is.  And one of the sweetest people I have ever met.”

“Well, we shouldn’t be impolite.  Please, make the introduction.” 

Justin hugged him, “Sure, Emmett, let’s go.”

“By the way, Justin, if you’re married why is there no ring?”

“We didn’t need them.  This all happened quickly.”

“Well, make sure your man buys you jewelry.  It’s a must.” Em slipped his arm around Justin and propelled him toward the door.

“Em, we will get rings. I am sure,” Justin smiled knowing Emmett’s attention was now on James.


James sat on a chair near his mother and Dani.  “Everyone, I’d like you to meet our friend Emmett Honeycutt. Emmett this is Ronni, Dani, and James.”

“Well, it is nice to meet you and, if you’ll excuse me, I am going to get dinner on the table. Would you like to eat out here or in the house?”

“Out here would be wonderful.  Thanks Ronni,” Justin smiled at the woman.

“Ronni, I’ll help.” Dani stood and waddled over to Justin and Emmett. “Very nice to meet you, Emmett.” Dani shook his hand. Justin took the opportunity to place his hand on her belly and kissed her cheek.  Emmett saw the love Justin felt for her in that moment. He needed to find out more about that baby. He lost total track of that thought when James walked near him and offered his hand to Emmett.

“Nice to see you again, Emmett. You probably don’t remember me but we have met before at Babylon.”

“Justin had to refresh my memory but I definitely remember you. Great to see you again.” Emmett took the opportunity to hug James and James enfolded him in his strong arms.

Brian slipped his arm around Justin as James and Emmett extended their hug a couple extra moments. “I think we may be seeing more of Emmett,” Brian said softly as his lips went from near Justin’s ear to his mouth.  By the time Brian and Justin separated, James and Em were watching them.

“You two haven’t changed a bit and I am so happy for you,” Emmett said as he gave Brian a brief hug. “And, yes, I kissed your husband more than once today and I don’t care if you know it.”  Brian had to smile at his friend. “And by the way, you owe him a ring.”

“That will come at the next ceremony.” Brian said.

“The next? You are having one we can come to?  James can be my date!  When is this going to be held?”

“It looks like dinner is ready.  Let’s talk about it while we eat,” Justin said when he saw Ronni waving them over. “I’m starving.”

“And you are going to need your energy later,” Brian said as he ran his hand over Justin’s ass.


The food was as good as they had expected.  After Ronni explained what the dishes were, everyone was quiet for several minutes as they began to eat.  Finally, Emmett spoke, “This is some of the best food I have ever had.  You wouldn’t be interested in catering would you? I have been trying to get a business off the ground and with food like this I would be an instant success.”

“Well, I….I do love to cook but right now, well, my life is kind of up in the air. I will need a full time position with benefits. I need a place to live and well, I appreciate the offer.  I just need a little time to get things straight and then we can talk?”

“I will wait forever for food like this.”

“Speaking of your skills, Em, Brian and I are hoping to have a party in honor of our marriage in a couple weeks.  Can you come up with an amazing soiree for us? If Ronni is staying around I hope she would be willing to help with the food.  Ronni, this is some of the best food I have ever eaten.”

“The party plans are exciting and if you don’t mind I do plan to stay with Jamie boy until I can get back on my feet.  I would be honored to help with your celebration.”

“That’s great,” Brian interjected.  “I think it is time for Dani to take it easy and take care of that baby so, Ronni, if you are willing to help out around here….”

“I would be pleased.  I have spent the last twenty years helping take care of a family.  That’s what I hope to do in the future but I will stay and help out for as long as you need me before I look for a permanent position.”

“So,” Emmett was already planning in his head. “How big a party is this and how big is the budget?”

The next hour Emmett was taking notes and jotting down ideas.  As the night went on, Dani, excused herself to get her feet up and Ronni left to make her some tea.  Emmett made a deliberate move putting his chair nearly on top of James’. Justin cuddled up to Brian and as they continued to chat, Brian noticed Justin got quieter.

“Sunshine,” Brian said softly, “are you alright? Let me get one of your pills.” Brian stood and left the table.

“Oh, Justin, I heard you got headaches.  Is this one of them?”

“It’s not as bad as sometimes but yes, there is one coming on. I’ll be ok once I get a pill and some rest. Em, would you understand if I call it a night?”

“Of course, honey.” Em walked over to Justin who stood up as he approached.  “You go get some rest.  If James doesn’t mind, I’d love a walking tour of the estate.  Give me a call in the morning.”  Em kissed Justin’s cheek and walked him to the house door he then walked back to James who offered his hand and they strolled out into the moonlight.

Justin opened the door and squinted at the brighter light.  “Mr. Justin, I hear you are getting one of your headaches.  Come sit down.  Let me help.”

“Ronni, I appreciate it but Brian is getting one of my pills and then….”

“Sit down and don’t make me ask again. I am making you a potion and you are going to drink it but as it steeps let me massage your head and neck.” Justin sat down, not that he really wanted to but he didn’t have the energy.  The moment she began to move her thumbs at the base of his head he felt a jolt run through him and as she worked her way up she began to trace the scar of his injury. It was as if she could feel his tender spots and knew where she could add more pressure. Brian walked in but didn’t say anything as he watched her hands move and watched Justin’s face relax. Once she stopped, she went back to the counter and then brought the steeped mixture over to Brian.  “You take this boy upstairs to bed and make sure he drinks all of this.  And then you leave him alone.  If you can’t leave him alone in that room, sleep in another bed!” She poked him for emphasis.

“Yes, ma’am.” Brian walked over to Justin, set the cup on the side table, and helped him up. “You Ok to walk up the stairs?” Justin nodded as he stood up.  Brian picked up the cup again and slipped his free arm around Justin, as he walked to the steps. Then Brian looked over his shoulder at Ronni and said, “Thank you but never suggest I would ever do anything that would hurt him. He’s my life,” and with that they moved up the steps.


James and Emmett strolled in the moonlight.  There was a slight breeze rustling the leaves above them as they neared the guest house. “This is where I am living and right now my mother is staying with me.”

“But there is no way she could have gotten here ahead of us, right?” Emmett asked as he led the way to the back of the house. “How did I know there would be a small deck at the back?” Em pressed James against the wall, kissing him eagerly.  He was taken off guard when James flipped him so he was against the wall and with one hand behind Em’s head, the other moved down his back and then into his pants. As Emmett felt skin on skin his knees began to buckle. “God, James Augustin, I think ….. I know I want to be with you and I know this probably isn’t the time but, soon!”  

Emmett barely finished the sentence and they heard the front door to the house shut.  “Em,” Emmett realized that was the first thing James had said since they got to the house. He loved hearing him say his name.  The slight Haitian accent nearly drove him over the edge. “I want to be with you, too.  Give me your number and I will call you tomorrow after I find out my schedule for the week.” 

“James, is that you?” Ronni’s voice came from the back door. James stood up straight and took a couple steps back so his mom could see him.

“I was just showing Emmett the backyard.  I’m going to walk him to his car and make my last round for the night.  I’ll be back in less than an hour.”

“Alright, Jamie boy.  Good night, Emmett.  Nice meeting you.”

Emmett stepped out so he could see her, “Good night, Ronni.  Thank you for the amazing dinner and I will be in touch soon about the celebration.” 

As soon as Ronni moved back in James put his strong arms around Emmett again and kissed him softly.  “Ready to go?” James asked.

“I’m ready to go all night but I understand. You don’t have to walk me to my car.  I can make it.”

“I know but my mother taught me how to treat a date and this may not have been a date but I hope it leads to one, no, to many.” James stopped and kissed him again.

“Oh, James, I hope there are many also.”  After several minutes saying goodbye, James shut the door and Emmett drove away.  James started humming as he started the security check.


Brian helped Justin out of the robe and trunks he was still wearing and helped him into bed.  Brian helped him prop himself up on the headboard and then Justin spent the next few minutes sipping the concoction Ronni had put together. “Brian, I need some water.  This stuff is spicy.”

“You don’t have to drink it. If it’s….”

“I am going to do anything that woman tells me. She scares me,” Justin mumbled the last sentence and after sipping the water he slipped down and instantly fell into a deep sleep.

Brian moved the cup further onto the end table and left the bottle of water there. He then undressed and got into bed with Justin. He had to smile when he thought about Ronni’s comment.  She was right to know he always wanted this man but she needed to realize he could never hurt him.  She would realize that soon enough. He moved close to Justin who turned into him.  Brian wrapped his arms around him and fell asleep.


The next morning Justin woke up early feeling better than he usually did after one of his headaches. He slipped on a pair of shorts and headed downstairs with a T-shirt on.  He was in the mood to work.  He would make a pot of coffee and take it out to the pool house. As Justin walked down the steps he heard singing and as he got toward the bottom he recognized Ronni’s voice. “You have a lovely voice.  It fits you.”

“Well, Mr. Taylor, it is good to see you looking so well.”

 “I don’t know what was in that concoction but once my mouth quit burning I slept like a baby. Thank you,” he dropped a kiss on her cheek. “And by the way, Brian would never do anything to hurt me or force me into doing something unless it really was for my own well being.  Brian was raised in a house with no love so I think he has it all stored up for me and our family.” He smiled at the thought of the man he loved so dearly.  I am just going to grab a pot of coffee and go and work in my studio.”

“No you won’t!  No caffeine.  Let me make you some herbal tea.  The caffeine probably contributes to the headaches. It stimulates your brain.”

“Ronni, you seem to know a lot about this kind of stuff. Do you have some medical training?”

“My mother was a Medsen Fey back in Haiti.  The people were so poor there, they couldn’t afford doctors.  Some would say she did voodoo but she actually was just an herbalist.  She knew she couldn’t cure everything but she did know what to mix together if someone had a rash or even mild infections.  Dani’s been suffering from  swollen ankles and just other normal pregnancy ailments. So I am glad I could help using your lovely herb garden.  So when I heard about your problems I just put together the potion for you.”

“It seems to have worked and it doesn’t leave me feeling groggy like the pills do.”

“I can’t make any promises and they still may occur from time to time but I think if you drink this twice a day,” she set a cup in front of him, “It might make them a lot less frequent or at least less severe.” 

“But no caffeine?” Justin pulled a face at her.

“How old are you, Justin?”

“He’s 21, going on 45,” Brian said as he walked in.  He moved to Justin and met his upturned lip with  a soft lingering kiss. Justin rested a hand on Brian’s cheek and as they separated Justin left his hand there as long as he could. “I woke up and you weren’t there.  I was afraid you weren’t feeling well and had come down so you didn’t wake me.”

“I’m fine, Brian.  I’m actually feeling good this morning.  I am going out to work a while.”

Justin drank the last of his tea and stood up.  “You two go ahead and talk about me.” He turned to Brian, “Stop by the studio before you go into work.” He gave him one more quick kiss before jogging out the door.

“So there must be a story of how a very young boy ended up in your bed.  Was he even 18?”

“No, he was a couple months short. I had no intention of falling in love with him. I had no clue what love even felt like but Justin was so much older than I was in the ways of the heart. He just knew what I needed. I never needed love.  I was never going to need love but once it touched me, I knew I couldn’t go without it again.”  Brian took a deep breath, “Wow, I didn’t mean to flood you with all that information. I usually don’t get diarhea of the mouth.”

“It must be my motherly demeiner.” Ronni smiled at him.

“My mother never looked like you,” Brian smiled.  “I better get going.  I need to get ready for work.” He headed toward the stairs and then stopped, “Ronni, I am really glad you are here.  I know we haven’t had a chance to talk about employment details but someone from my HR department will call you and get you on our insurance plan today.  Even if you choose to find something else soon, I want to make sure you are covered.”

“You are as generous as my son said you were. Thank you, Mr. Kinney.”

“Please, it’s Brian and Justin.” Brian disappeared out of sight.


Justin was deep into his painting when Brian stopped to say goodbye. “Hey, Sunshine, I’m going to work.”

Justin stopped and turned to face him. “I’ll miss you.” Justin walked over and putting his hands behind his back he kissed him. “You look too gorgeous in that suit to get paint on it.”

“If I had time, I’d take it off and you could paint on other parts of me.” Brian kissed him lightly.  “I will let you know what time I will get home.  Plan whatever you want for the wedding but don’t let Em have free reign. Who knows what he would come up with.”

“I love you, Bri. Sorry about last night.  I do owe you.”

“You owe me nothing but I will happily accept your love.  I love you, too.  I’ll be in touch.”  Brian kissed him once more.  “You don’t owe me but I still hope I can collect tonight.”  With that, he left.

Justin focused on his work.  He soon realized the painting he was doing changed after seeing Brian.  The colors changed but even more drastic were the brush strokes.  After seeing him, touching him, everything was bigger and brighter.  Brian just made everything clearer to him.  Brian made him complete.

Justin wasn’t sure how long he had been painting but there was a knock at the door. “Come,” he said as he finished what he was doing. He turned to find Ronni watching him.

“You need something to eat.  You are too thin.”

Justin smiled, “I am a little hungry.” She came in and set the plate down. “Thank you, Ronnie.  I really hope you are planning to stay.”  He sat down and started eating what she had brought him.

“You are a very talented artist,” she said as she looked at the different projects around the studio.

“Thank you. After I came out of my coma, it took a lot of therapy to get me this far.  Dani has been such a help.  I don’t know if I would have gotten this far without her.  Brian gives me the emotional support I need but he could only do so much for my physical improvement.”

“You are planning to adopt Dani’s baby?”

“We are.”

“There is a family connection, isn’t there? Did you and Justin have a moment…”

“Oh, no Veronica.  I have been with a woman, well girl, once and I knew I had not gotten my sexuality wrong.  Dani was with…” Justin hesitated.  His focus drifted for a moment, “I feel like I might be invading her personal space but I don’t think she will mind. She was with my father.  He can be very charming when he wants to be. He had told her a story about Brian basically brainwashing me into being gay and that all of this was Brian’s fault.  Dad needed her support so he wined and dined her and then took her to bed.  My father doesn’t know the baby is his but that little one is my brother and I want to be his father.  Brian and I want him to have the support we never did.  Actually, I need to clarify that my mother is a wonderful woman.  You will meet her if you stick around.  In fact, I have texted her and she wants to help with our party so she will probably be around sometime this week.”

“No wonder Dani is so conflicted.  I couldn’t imagine giving  away a child.  I was fifteen when he was born but that was another place and another time.  I guess I can understand a bit better why she doesn’t want to raise the child and yet, she has found a family member who will love him.”

“Yes.  Ronni, thank you for the breakfast but now I would really like to get back to my painting.”

“Of course, I have taken enough of your time. Do you know what time we expect Brian tonight?”

“No, but I will let you know when he lets me know.”  He handed her the empty plate.”

“Now that I know what is available here I will make sure there are some food basics in here so you can have a snack if you need it without taking a break.”

Justin just nodded as he had already focused on his painting again.  Veronica looked around the beautiful backyard.  She liked it here.  It was so different from New York City, where she had lived for over 20 years.  She heard the birds in the tree but other than a distant car from time to time, it was silent. She couldn’t remember a time in her life when her life was silent. Moving close to the herb garden that was already looking better since she had started caring for it, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath smelling their pungent aroma.

“Mom, are you alright?”  James walked up to his mother, kissing her cheek.

“Oh, Jamie boy, I am fine. Did you sleep well?  I’m sorry I was asleep by the time you came in last night.”

“Mom, I’m not a teenager anymore.”

“I know, but I will always be your mother.”

“And I am glad of that.  Has Emmett been in touch this morning?” He tried to sound nonchalant but his mother knew him too well.

“James, Emmett is a nice young man but he seems a bit flighty.   He seems easily distracted.”

“Mom, Em, is a sweet spirit that just wants to live his life making the world a better place.”

“You learned all that last night on a short walk?”

“We had met before, Mom.  It has been a while but Emmett is a wonderful human being.”

“I think you should focus on your job right now.  I understand this is much more of a job than I thought and they are good people to work for.  Brian is putting me on the company insurance plan today but we have not talked about real employment yet.  Justin and I did have a conversation about Dani and the baby a few minutes ago. I understand a little more now why Dani is willing to give her baby away and Justin has the most open soul I have ever met.”

“Mom, I don’t know if you would truly be comfortable here.  I know you are uncomfortable with my life and Brian and Justin are not shy about their love for each other both physically and emotionally. Mom, as wonderful as they are, if you show any homophobia you won’t be here long.”

“I don’t have to agree with people to get along with them.”

“Mom, we aren’t talking about opinions.  We are talking about who these people are.  It is like you being Haitian.  It is who you are. Even you can’t change a person.  Look at me.  You have been trying for 10 years and it hasn’t worked, has it?”

“Don’t you have work to do? I have a pregnant woman to check on.” Ronni pushed past her son and moved into the house.

James watched her walk.  He had never stood up to her like that before.  He obviously had hit a nerve but she needed to be aware.  She would be heartbroken if they asked her to leave after she held that baby. James took a step one direction and then changed his mind and went to talk to Justin.  Maybe he had heard from Em. Just the thought of him made his cock twitch.  He hoped to see him soon but after the conversation she just had, he thought it best he didn’t move forward too fast.  He loved his mom and had to live his own life but he had enough respect for her to give her a little time.

James wandered into the studio and sat on a stool near the door.  Justin was beautiful to look at and his work was always impressive. He sat there several minutes before Justin felt his presence. He turned around, “Oh James, did you need something? You could have interrupted me.”

“I like watching you work.  I hope you don’t mind.”

“No, of course not.  You are welcome. Were you just cooling off or did you need something?” Justin went to the fridge and grabbed two bottles of water, throwing one to James. He sat down on another stool near him. “I don’t even have a clue what time it is.  Your mom came in a bit ago but I never asked her.”

James pulled out his phone, “It’s 10:15.” He fidgeted a bit as he drank most of the bottle of water.

“Spit it out, James. It is obvious you have something on your mind.”

“Have you heard from Emmett this morning?”

“Oh, so how did the walk with Em go?”

“It was a beautiful night.  I showed him around the grounds and I showed him where the guest house was and…. And then I kissed him and my mother showed up. Damn, Justin, I love my mother and I am thrilled she is here.  If you don’t know it, she is the best nanny slash housekeeper I have ever seen.  She can handle anything that comes up and she is reliable.”

“But?” Justin said looking over at him.

“But, Mom still isn’t comfortable with me being gay. If I start something with Emmett, I am not sure what her reaction will be.”

“James,” Justin stood and walked over to him, “You are a grown man and if she can’t accept that we will help her find a job somewhere nearby but she can’t stay here.  It wouldn’t be good for you or for Brian and me.”  He gave the man a hug.  “Now, as far as Em is concerned, I have not heard from him yet today.  Morning is not his best time of the day.  I will call him after lunch and if you happen to be in the room and want to talk to him….That is fine with me.  I probably will just grab something to eat here.  Come back around 1:00.”

“Thanks, Justin, and you just said the same thing I told my mom.  This place might not be the best place for her to work.  I better get back to work.”  And he was gone as silently as he had arrived.


Ronni had made Dani some of her tea and got her a snack before she went to work in the garden.  Dani was very thankful for Ronni’s presence.  She was starting to get nervous about the delivery and she was really missing her mom, although she didn’t want her there. She just wanted to hear her voice. Her parents hadn’t even returned her last phone call two days ago. Her relationship with them was never perfect but since she got pregnant it was even more strained.  Now they weren’t responding to her call. They were probably just someplace without phone service but they could have told her that.   Dani felt the tears coming and went to her room so she could cry in private.  Once she started she couldn’t stop crying.  She had been crying for over an hour when there was a knock on the door.

“Dani, are you awake.  You’ve been napping for a good long time,” Ronni’s voice came through the door.

Dani swallowed hard and tried to speak without sounding horrible. “I’ll be out in a few minutes.” 

Ronni didn’t fall for it.  “Dani, I am coming in.”  She rushed to Dani’s side and took her in her arms. “Oh, this will not do.  This is not good for you or the baby. A little tear or two but you have been at it a long time.”

Dani held on to this new friend and soon she was able to stop the sobbing and take in a good breath.  “Let me get you a wet washcloth and we can get you freshened up.” A couple more minutes and Ronni was asking her, “Do you want to talk about it? A few tears are normal but all this sadness is from your soul. What is causing you so much pain?”

“I, I am just feeling alone.  It is no one’s fault here, but when I first got here I spent so much time with Justin because we were working on his therapy and I always had things to do but now, I can barely move and Brian and Justin are so generous to let me stay here and I think they think they are giving me space but….I have no one,” the tears nearly began again.  “I was so lonely last night I nearly called the baby’s father.”

“Justin’s father,” Ronni stated.

“He told you. That’s fine. You’re a friend. But, yes, I was thinking he might be as lonely as I was and even if it wasn’t genuine, he might have been kind. He doesn’t know about the baby. I have no idea what I’m going to do or where I’m going to go when I leave here.  I will go back to school in  January but that is three to four months with nothing to do.”

“Will you go to family for a time?”

“My family hasn’t even called me since they didn’t answer this weekend.”

“Awe, darling, now I know your real problem.  I know I am not your mama but I will be here. If you want me to go with you when it is time, I will. I will hold your hand through labor if you want.”

Dani hugged Ronni, “Oh, thank you.  I feel so much better now.”  The women went out arm and arm to eat some lunch.  James was just eating the last bite of one of the sandwiches his mother had made before going into the bedroom.  

“Were you so hungry you couldn’t wait?” Ronni patted her son’s cheek.

“Sorry, Mom,” he glanced at her and Dani but didn’t ask questions.  “Justin and I are getting on a business call so I need to get out to the studio.”

“Well, take a sandwich for Justin and a cup of tea.  He doesn’t take good care of himself.  He is too skinny.”

“He has actually gained some weight since I have been here.  He was super skinny when he was rescued.  I wouldn’t worry about him.  He isn’t starving himself although when he works out there he sometimes forgets.”

“Well, as long as I am here, he will have good food to eat, even if he eats it out there.”  She put together a tray and James, who wanted to get out there, waited.  He wanted to hear Emmett’s voice.  “Here, make sure he eats.”

“Yes, Mom,” he kissed her cheek and then moved around to Dani and kissed her, too. “I’m here, honey, if you need to talk.”

Dani gave him a quick hug, “Thank you, James. Your mom helped me talk it out.  It is just a pregnant thing.”  He smiled and rushed out the door.

“Did that boy seem a little antsy?” Ronni watched him walk to the studio.

“I wonder who the call is with.  I wasn’t blind.  I saw the sparks between him and Emmett last night.”

“Don’t be ridiculous.  James isn’t a school boy anymore. He doesn’t lose his head that easily.”

“Oh, Ronni, I know you aren’t comfortable with his sexuality but do you really want your son, at his age, not to find love.  You have to know that he is young and very attractive and that usually means very attracted, also.  I hope for everyone’s sakes you can find it in your heart to understand him.”  With that Dani stopped talking and took a big bite of her sandwich.


James entered the studio with the tray. “Justin, my mom insisted I bring you lunch.  You haven’t called yet, have you?”

“No, Em is Skyping in. He said he has some things to show me so you can sit quietly and look at him.”  Justin took a bite and then opened up the computer, “Why is everything your mom makes better than if I made the same thing? Now you can join into the conversation if Em comes up with something for the wedding that I totally disagree with. Soften the blow and agree with what I suggest.”

“Isn’t that an ambush for him?” James questioned.

“James, I promise not to get you into anything that will mess up your chances with Em.” 

The Skype window popped up and Emmett’s smiling face appeared. When he saw James on the side, the smile went even bigger. “Well, I have two very handsome men instead of one.  To what do I owe the pleasure?” Em said, obviously directing that question to James.

“I just wanted to say, hi, but I really better get back to work.  I’ll talk to you later, Emmett Honeycutt,”  James said.

“I’ll talk to you, James Augustin, tonight.” Em sighed and went silent until he was sure James was out. “Justin, I didn’t sleep at all last night.  All I could think of was being in that man’s arms with his…..tongue down my throat.  He is the perfect man.  He is sweet, generous, and a real gentleman. And I think he likes me.  Justin, please tell me he is interested.  He ran off so fast just now, I feel he is avoiding me.”

“Em, James is definitely interested but you might have to give him a little time. Ronni is still a bit confused about his lifestyle.  The best thing you can do is show her the real Emmett and let her fall in love with you, too.”

“Sunshine, did you use the word love?”

“Emmett, I thought we were talking about my wedding not your love life.”

“Of course we are.  I want to run the decorations past you…”  an hour and a half later the call ended and most of the decisions were made.  Justin had a couple things to run past Brian and after Emmett talked to Veronica, they would make final decisions on the food.  The only other thing that had to be done tonight was a guest list so that Emmett could get them in the mail tomorrow or the day after.  

Justin spoke to his mom and she was going to email him a list of anyone that she wanted invited and then Justin went upstairs and got in the shower just as Brian said he was pulling in the garage. Moments later Brian entered the bedroom, “Hey Sunshine….”  When he heard the shower he stripped as quickly as he could and slipped in behind him. Justin instinctively leaned back, knowing he would feel Brian’s arms come around him.  

“I missed you so much today. Just a kiss in the morning isn’t enough.”

“Just the feel of you  against me…” Brian grabbed the soap and started rubbing it across Justin’s chest.  He noticed some specks of paint on his collarbone so moved the soap over it.  His other hand moved lower and as he encircled Justin’s cock, he kicked Justin’s feet a few inches apart and in one fluid motion he entered his husband. Justin made that instant sound of pain but it went into pleasure quickly.  Justin reached back and wrapped his arm around Brian’s head as he continued to move.  He was soon arching as he thrust in one last time. He felt Justin cum at the same time.  “God, I needed you.  Please don’t leave in the morning without waking me up, even if it is because you feel so good you don’t want to lay around. I promise I will find other ways to make you feel good.”

“I was just so surprised I felt normal after last night.  Ronni has me drinking another tea a couple times a day and as you heard this morning, no more caffeine.  At least it isn’t the booze I have to cut out.” He turned around in Brian’s arms and the kiss was slow and thorough. “We better actually clean up and get down to dinner.  I don’t think Ronni would appreciate us being late and we do have things to do after dinner.”

“I can think of 20 or 30 things I’d like to do….” Justin slapped Brian’s hand as it wrapped around his dick again. He stepped back quickly and almost lost his balance, he ended up in Brian’s arms again. He kissed him on the forehead and then reached around and turned off the water. “So what do we need to do after dinner?”

“Nothing terrible.  We need to get our guest list. Em wants to get the invitations out tomorrow, the next day at the latest.”

“That shouldn’t take too long.  I can just look at my address book from work.” Justin threw him a look.  “It has a personal section in it too.  It is about the only way I hear from Michael at all anymore.”

“Have you told him that we got married?”

“I sent an email but got an automatic return saying he was unavailable until Wednesday. They probably are on vacation before Ben has to go back to teaching.” 

“I am looking forward to meeting Ben.  I can’t believe that Michael moved out to Oregon and then David dumped him.”

“They were never a good pair.  We both know that. When they lived here Michael had his old life that he had to live but once he moved out there the only life he had was David’s and when he fought that…”

“Well, at least he found a good guy now, right?”

“Yes, I really like Ben and he is what Michael needs.”

“Well, that’s good, because I need all of you.” Justin pulled his shirt on and assisted Brian in pulling up his fly.

“If you know what’s good for you, you won’t touch me there right now or it will take us a lot longer to get down to dinner.


Over dinner the five of them had a wonderful time.  They talked about food for the party and James even made a couple suggestions, knowing which foods were his favorite.  Once James left to do a final walk and Dani went with him for part of the walk to get some fresh air, Brian and Justin got up to go to the office but Ronni stopped them.

“Gentlemen, we need a brief word.”

“What is it?” Justin said concerned.

Veronica gave them a quick rundown of the situation with Dani earlier today.  “I usually wouldn’t say anything but since she is carrying your bebe.  Just give her a little bit of attention.  Let her know she isn’t getting kicked out in the wind.  I am not saying you would do that.”

“Of course we wouldn’t or she could stay at my loft in the city if she wants to for a while,” Brian said looking at Justin, who nodded in agreement.

“I know you have to get to the office but I have one more thing to mention.  I was thinking Dani might like to go on a work project.  She has skills that could be very useful in Haiti and I have family and friends that would help her.  I am just thinking she would need money for the trip.”

“I think that would be a great idea.  Dani loves to help people plus this would look great on her resume when she starts school again in the second semester.” Justin was very excited. “I think that is perfect for her, if she agrees.”

“I will mention it to her in a day or two.  I need to make a couple calls but I know it will all fall into place.”


And the next two weeks went by in a blur.  They ended up inviting a hundred people and seventy of them planned to attend. Everyone would be in attendance on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.  But now as Brian and Justin crawled in bed on Friday night, Brian lay his head on Justin’s stomach and slowly  ran a finger down from his navel.  He followed the trail of hair playing with a strand or two as he went.  “Are you sure you want to do this again?”

“You know there is nothing else in the world I would rather do than profess my love for you in front of all our friends and family.” Justin ran his fingers through Brian’s thick, dark hair. “I love you, Brian, and Sunday it will be official.”

“Well, actually, it will take until Tuesday to be fully official.  That’s when we go to the courthouse and sign all the papers that say we co-own all our possessions.”

“Brian,” Justin reached down and gently drew him up so their mouths could meet. “I want to share my life and our children for the rest of our lives.  I love you so much.”  

 

Justin laid his thigh on Brian’s hip and Brian slid into him, “I love you, too. You are my Sunshine.”


Chapter 12 by Simply written

Chapter 12


“Brian, love,” Justin said softly in his ear and then moved his mouth to Brian’s and pressed his lips gently against his. It was only a matter of seconds before Brian’s arms came around Justin and pulled their bodies together. As Brian’s hands moved down Justin’s body, Justin moved his mouth for a moment.  “Brian, I would like nothing more than to make love but Emmett will be here in thirty minutes and my mom and Molly will be here in an hour.  If we want to shower without Em joining us we better get in there.”

“Oh, why so early?”

“Well, I have heard something about a party here tomorrow? We’ve invited about 70 of our closest friends.”

“Why didn’t we just run away and get married? Oh, wait, we did!” Brian groaned as he rolled out of bed. 

Ten minutes later they stood under the steaming water.  It was a decent shower but it wasn’t very roomy and a couple more shower heads would be nice.  Brian was washing Justin’s back when he said quietly, “This shower is going to be the first change I make to the house.  I want to double the space and add more showerheads.”

“That sounds perfect,” Justin said as he pressed against Brian.  “Bri, it’s not too late to invite your mother, maybe your sister.” Justin turned and reached up to touch Brian’s cheek.

“Should we invite your dad at the same time?” Brian pulled him closer, “I’m sorry.  That wasn’t fair. You’re situation was far worse….’

“No, Brian, not worse, different. I am looking forward to seeing Debbie and, of course, Michael and Ben.”

“I told them they could stay here overnight if they like.  Of course, Debbie and Vic will be here for the wedding but they will go home. Mel and Lindsay are staying tonight and tomorrow with Gus.  Ted and Blake are using one of the rooms tomorrow and, of course, your mom and Molly will each have a room. I think the party might go on late and we might all be lushes by the end of the night. I know it is our wedding night but….”

“That sounds perfect, Brian.  I plan to celebrate our love every night.” Justin kissed him and then reached back and turned off the water. “Is there anything you have to do today?”

“I have to run back to the office.  I left our clothes there.”

“Brian, that’s not like you.  If I didn’t know better you did it on purpose so you could get out of helping decorate for the wedding.”

“I would never do something like that...Oh, ya, Em is obviously sleeping over, too and I would guess James may join him.  That fills up all our bedrooms.”

“Just let me know when you are leaving and keep in touch.”

“I plan to leave after lunch to do my errands.  I will be back by 5:00 for the rehearsal.

“You better be!” Justin finished dressing but Brian kept trying to undress him. “I will see you downstairs soon,” he said as he broke away.  “I have to keep going.” 

Brian watched him walk out.  He could see Justin was fighting one of his headaches.  He tried to hide it but Brian knew the signs now.  He hoped Ronni did, too.


Ronni looked up from the stove and poured boiling water into a cup. “Your tea will be ready in a minute.  I put a couple extra things in it today.  You cannot afford one of your headaches today.  You make sure you take time to drink a couple more of these today.  I’d rather you be a bit high than in pain.”

“Veronica, what are you feeding me? Is this illegal?”

“Of course not.  No one in the U.S. knows what it is?” She set the cup in front of him, “It is nothing dangerous in the quantities I give you.  The most it would do is give you a bit of a buzz.  You said your medicine keeps you groggy.  Would you rather feel like that?”

“Of course not. Emmett, my mother and sister will be here soon.  My mother will help you with anything she can and so will Molly.  They will be sleeping here until Monday.”

“That is good.  You need family around. Will Brian have any family…”

“Brian will have friends that are better than his family, although I tried to get him to invite at least his mother.   His father passed away a couple years ago but I don’t think he has spoken to his mother in two years.  He never had a good homelife and once she found out he was gay she couldn’t stand to be near him.  Brian won’t admit it but he has a broken heart.”

Ronni blinked away tears, “I could never...how does a mother do that? Even though I don’t understand…..James is my life.” She went silent for a moment as Justin finished his tea.  “And Justin, Brian’s heart might have been broken but he has found the right glue to put it back together.”  They both fell silent as Brian popped around the corner.


Emmett had texted James who rushed to the back gate to let him in.  Since he was bringing things in for the wedding and it was easiest to come from the back.  James waited for Em to arrive.  They had talked every night but they hadn’t seen each other for over a week.  They still hadn’t managed to have that first date James prayed they at least got their second kiss in a few minutes. The more they talked the closer James felt to him. He heard the van before he saw it but Em barely had the van through the gate before he was out of it and walking into James’ arms. The kiss went on and on and as James pinned him to the brick wall  Emmett’s phone sounded.

“Oh, Jamie, I….fuck….I need to get this.  It’s Justin.” Emmett answered the phone while James’ arms came around his waist and his mouth came to Emmett’s free ear. “Hey, Sunshine, I…...oh god…..”

“Let me guess. You have arrived and James is letting you in the back gate or are you letting him in yours?” Justin laughed as Brian’s voice came over the phone next.  “My Sunshine,” he said with emphasis, “will be in the backyard in about 10 minutes so if James is going to have his way with you, he better have it quick.” Brian hung up.

“Oh, Jamie, tonight.  We will figure a way to be together tonight.”

“Yes, Emmett.  Tonight you will be mine.”

Emmett put a hand on both of James' cheeks and kissed him gently, “I already am, Jamie.”


It was a busy day.  Emmett had a couple friends decorating the backyard while he went back and forth between the yard and the kitchen.  Ronni made everything look easy.  Dani sat by the counter helping with appetizers.  Ronni forced Justin in the seat next to her and as she kept everything else going she made special teas for Dani and Justin.  “Thanks,” they both said as she sat it in front of them.

Dani, looked over at Justin, “You have a headache?”

“No, I would if it wasn’t for her. I am trying to stay calm and whatever she added to this today, is doing just that.  How are you feeling?  You look very tired these days.  Everything is alright with you, right? You aren’t keeping quiet so you don’t interrupt…”

“No, Justin.  The last couple days you and Brian have been pampering me.  I am guessing that was Veronica’s doing?”

“She was right.  We had gotten so wrapped up in our excitement.  I want you to know how thankful we are to you.  I am so excited to meet our son.  And I am so glad you are going to work in Haiti after this.  When Ronni mentioned it, I knew you would be so good with the kids there.”

“I am so excited.  Thank you for helping me get my passport.”

“Not a problem.  Once Mel told them why you wanted it they could rush it through.”

Brian popped in and kissed Justin.  “I am heading to the office.  I will be home by 5:00.” 

Justin grabbed his hand, “Please make it 4:30 so I don’t have to worry.  We are supposed to go through the ceremony  at 5:15 and I don’t want to ….”

Brian pulled him close  and kissed him soft and sensually, “I will be home before 4:30.  You are not allowed to worry.  Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

Ronni watched Brian walk out and saw Justin helping Dani to the sofa.  They really did love each other.  It wasn’t  just the sex with them but they had to be the exception, didn’t they?

Justin realized as the day went on he felt very relaxed.  He wasn’t sure what Ronni was having him drink but he didn’t care.  He had no sign of a headache and life couldn’t be more perfect.


Brian felt bad for lying to Justin but the jeweler had pushed him to the last nerve.  He had almost gone to another jeweler to see if they could help him but at the last minute he was promised it would be ready today at noon.   They better be.  He designed them with the designer. They were  two vines intertwined with diamonds inset throughout.  He also got them each a simple band.  He knew the designer band might catch on everything and when Justin was painting or working in clay, he still wanted him to wear a band so these were almost like a woman’s set.  They could wear both or each one separate. He walked into the boutique and the expression on the owner’s face instantly had Brian worried.

“Don’ tell me….” Brian’s voice was rising.

“No, Mr. Kinney they are here.  Just moments ago the designer rushed in with them.  I think you will be very pleased.”  A box that looked more like it held a bracelet  was set  on the counter.  Brian reached for it and flipped it open.  A light came on and lit the four rings.  On each end was the plain ring while the vine bands were physically entwined.  Brian blinked back the emotion he felt.  They were perfect. 

“Mr. Kinney, we talked about it but I wasn’t sure what was decided but I hope you don’t mind.” He reached over and pulled out the plain band and tilted it so Brian could see the inside.  “This is Justin’s.” Inside it said Brian, My love, with the date of their actual wedding in Canada. “I know the standard would say all my love, Brian but he is declaring his love to you by wearing it and you are declaring  that he is your love.”

“Oh, thank you.  I….they are all perfect and I hate it but I have to run.  I have a wedding rehearsal to get to.”  Brian headed straight home.  He thought he would have enough time to show Justin before the rehearsal.  He hoped he would. Had he done the right thing? He knew he should have taken Justin with him.  He was nervous now but they were stunning. 

“Brian, thank goodness you are home and thank you for being early.  Emmett just came in saying there was an issue with the arch we are having our ceremony under.  It is so beautiful but as Em and his crew were setting it up, something just snapped and now….”

Brian pulled him close and kissed him.  “We don’t need anything but the two of us.”

“I know, Brian, but this will be my only wedding.” 

“I am more of a problem than a solution but I will go out and see if I can help.”  Brian slipped the ring box to Ronni as he walked passed and left the house through the back door.  He had just gotten into the side yard and found Em in the arms of James. “And I thought there was a major problem?”

Em jumped back a half step but didn’t break contact with James, “Oh, honey, it would have been if it wasn’t for this amazing man.  James knew just what to do. It is better than it was when it got here. He saved my balls.”

“Well, from what I could see he saved them for himself.” Brian laughed.  “If you don’t need me, I am going back to the house.  I have just enough time to  shower and change before the rehearsal.”

“Tell me you got the rings, Brian.  That beautiful husband of yours deserves …..”

“You don’t have to worry about that. I did my job,” Brian sprinted back to the house only to find out that Justin was laying down for fifteen minutes. 

“Leave him.” Ronni continued to work on some food.

“But I have to show him our….”

“Oh, the mystery box you threw at me.” She handed the box to him, “May I have a peak?”

Brian held the box and opened it. The rings were stunning.

“They are perfect for the two of you.  Before I forget, I have given Justin a little extra relaxer today.  It is keeping him calm.  I think he will do fine tomorrow.”

“Thank you, Veronica.  I know we haven’t talked about a permanent job yet but I think we would like to keep you on as a housekeeper or nanny or both.  I think once the baby is here we could use more help.  I will have an agency….”

“Brian, I had a baby at 15 and worked a full time job at the same time. After a twelve hour day working with the baby in tow, I then cleaned several homes in the evening.  I will let you know if I need more help, I promise. And the first couple months are the easiest.”

“Thanks, Ronni.” Brian took the box and moved toward the steps.

“Brian he needs his rest.”

“I’ll join him, not interrupt him.”

Thirty minutes later Brian and Justin were coming out of the shower.  They had picked casual outfits tonight. They both wore jeans and polos. It was just a small group tonight.  Lindsay and Mel were bringing Gus, their ringbearer, the officiant, Molly and Jenn, and the rest of the estate residents along with Emmett.

Veronica was asked to make a simple meal since she had done a lot of the food for the party, too.  She had refused to tell anyone what they were having but both Brian and Justin didn’t think she followed directions well. She never had much out at once but all day she had been making a little something here and a little something there. 

Both Brian and Justin had noticed Dani was really quiet all day.  While Brian was gone, Justin had spent time with her.  She admitted she was getting nervous and it was upsetting her stomach.  She had even called her midwife but was reassured this was normal for everything going on.  She had gone in for a check earlier in the week and although the midwife said it might be a week earlier than expected, she still had a minimum of two weeks and it still could be four. She just needed to take it easy. Justin let her know again how thankful they were.  Two men would have a tough time adopting if it wasn’t for her kindness.  And he would keep the baby in the family.


Justin began to move toward the door but Brian stopped him.  “Sunshine, wait.  We need a couple minutes and they can’t start without us.”

“What is it, Brian.  I was sure I heard Gus and his moms arrive.”

“Will you just sit,” Brian snapped, and then he took a deep breath, “please.” Justin sat in a loveseat near the fireplace without saying anything.  “I’m sorry. I just have something for you, well for us.”  He pulled out the box.  “I want you to see these before Gus brings them to us.” He opened the box.  “And I thought it would be a good idea if you made sure they fit.”

Justin was stunned.  “Brian they are stunning.”  Brian picked up Justin’s two and put them together.  Somehow they linked together but came apart as easily. Brian slipped it on his finger.  

“How do they feel? Are they comfortable?”

Justin put his arms around Brian’s neck and then Justin shifted so he was sitting on Brian’s lap. “How did I get so lucky?  How did I end up in the arms and bed of Brian Kinney?”

“Because you got into his heart and found out just what he needed.”  After a few more moments, Brian pulled back a bit.  “We probably better get downstairs.”

Justin stood up.  “I love you, just in case I forget to say that later.”

“I love you, too. Sunshine.”


Brian and Justin found Ronni and Dani in the kitchen. They were going to have the meal ready for after the rehearsal. After a short conversation, they strode hand in hand down to the side yard where the ceremony would be held at 1:00 tomorrow. 

“This is really beautiful,” Justin said in a whisper.

Brian stopped and took him in his arms.  “Is it everything you want it to be?”

“You’re here. Our friends will be here.”

“Daddy!” Gus’ little voice called out and then came barreling into both of them.

Justin bent down and scooped him up. “Hey, Gussy, are you ready to be our ring bearer?” He kissed the pink cheek.

“I’m the ring bear….grrrrr!”

Brian pulled his son into his arms and kissed him, “You are going to be the best ring bear there has ever been!” 

After greeting Lindsay and Mel, they went through the ceremony. They let Gus practice a couple times and had a back up plan in case he was too frightened with all the people there.  Out of the corner of his eye Brian saw Emmett and James.  They couldn’t keep their hands off each other. He leaned over and whispered in Justin’s ear, “Those two need to get it over with.  Tonight in the pool house?”

Justin turned and kissed him, “That sounds perfect.  We will come up with a reason to call James back after he has gone with Ronni to the house.”

“Daddy, you kissing Jussy again?”

“Yes, I am and I plan to do it often. I love Justin.” Brian picked him up.

“I love him, too.” Gus leaned over and kissed Justin.

“Oh, Gus, that is the best wedding gift you could have given me. Can you take care of your dad for a couple minutes for me?  I need to go talk to your Uncle Em.”

“I got this!” Gus said, looping an arm around Brian’s neck.

Justin walked over to where James had Em against a tree, his long dreadlocks cascading down his back and one hand on Em’ cheek.  “Excuse me, gentlemen but Brian and I have a gift for you.”

James took a step back, “A gift?” he looked at Emmett and then back at Justin.

“Yes, tonight James is going to be a busy night for you.  I’m afraid we want you on duty up at the main house.  With the added guests we would hate to think someone might slip in.”

“Alright, sir, I will plan on….” 

Em interrupted, “I know that look, Sunshine.”

“Em, you are going to be sleeping, all by yourself, in my studio, and James, it is the studio we want you to guard. We will let your mom know that you are staying up here for our protection.”

Both men kissed one of Justin’s cheeks and then kissed each other once more. “I better go see if I can help Dani and Mom get dinner on the table.” James started to move to the main house and Em followed. The officiant, along with Gus and his parents, moved toward the main house.  When they came around the corner and could see the patio by the house they were stunned.  There were lit candles everywhere. There was a table sagging from the weight of the food and then there was room for them to sit at a couple different tables. 

“Oh, Ronni, we said something light and simple.”

“For you, I had to make some traditional food we would have at family get togethers.” Justin could see soup and a stew.  There were fried plantains and fried chicken along with rice and a couple types of bread. There was a smaller side table filled with sweets and fruits.

“This all looks so amazing,” Lindsay said as she helped Gus get some food. Justin made sure Dani got her plate and helped her to her chair.  Once he knew she was comfortable Justin and Brian went past the table and filled their plates and went back to sit with Dani. As they ate both of them realized Dani was very quiet. 

“Dani, are you feeling Ok?” Justin rested a hand on her arm.

“I’m fine, just very pregnant and uncomfortable because of it. It seems like I am always hungry and then I get heartburn when I eat.” She changed the subject.  “Isn’t this food amazing?  I have been sampling it all day.”

“This is really good.” Brian and Justin ate off of each others’ plates so they could try a variety.”

Once everyone had eaten their fill and the officiant had left the bourbon and wine came out.  Emmett and James helped Ronni clean up the food and then came back out to join the others.  Dani was the first to say goodnight and then Ronni stood, “I have an early morning.  I think I will head home.”

“Oh, Ronni,” Brian commented casually, “I forgot to mention, I want James to stay up here tonight.  I don’t expect Craig to try anything but to be safe I want him here in the main house.”

“Alright then, I will say goodnight,” Ronni kissed the top of James’ head.

“Mom, I will walk you back.  An extra security sweep is never a bad thing.  I can make sure the back gate is secured since we used it a lot today.  

“I think I will walk with you if you don’t mind.  After all the food I ate I need to move a bit,” Em said as he put his arm around Ronni’s shoulders. “I hope you will take me up on my offer to help with my catering company.”

“Emmett, I would but I have been offered a nanny job right here but I have been talking to a friend who knows some excellent cooks right here in Pittsburgh.  I will get you in touch with them.”

“Well, I guess I have to let Bri and Sunshine have you because they are going to need someone like you to help them.” Em let his arm drop and over the top of Ronni’s head he made eye contact with James.  He could hardly believe in about an hour he would be alone with him.  He felt like giggling. He felt like a school boy.  They said goodnight to Ronni and then walked on to the back gate to make sure it was like and then they took the back path to get back to the main house.


Brian kissed Justin and whispered, “I’ll be right back.”

Justin sat with Gus on his lap chatting with Mel and Lindz, “So tell us about this James that Em is bat shit crazy over?” Mel asked as she pulled Lindsay closer.

“He is a great guy and perfect for Emmett.  He is quiet and steady and do I have to mention beautiful? Em deserves someone like him.” Justin kissed Gus’ curls as he hummed to him.

“Where did Brian go?” Lindz asked as she put her head on Mel’s shoulder.

“I think he went to the pool house to get it ready for Emmett.  He is a big softy.” Justin rocked back and forth as Gus fell asleep.

“Brian is a softy because of you. For two years he was slowly dying inside and now he has come back to life.  And you are really going to have a baby in a month?”

“I know it's hard to believe. Mel, have you heard anything about the court case?”

“What I’ve heard is they are trying to make a deal.  I should know something by the end of this week.”

“And what kind of deal do you think they will offer?”

“Justin, you are getting married tomorrow. We can talk about it later.”

“Talk about what?” Brian came from the dark.

Justin tilted his head up and Brian kissed him, long and deep. He brought his mouth to Justin’s ear, “I want you so bad.”

Justin kissed him again.  “Why don’t I bring this little one to bed and then I do want to check on Dani.  I’ll meet you in the bedroom in about half an hour, forty-five minutes?”  Justin stood easily with the little boy in his arms.

Mel stood, too.  “I’ll go with you.” She kissed Lindsay, “I’ll see you in a bit.” Mel and Justin walked together to the house while Brian sat down next to Lindsay.  

Brian pulled her into his arms.  “Do you hear voices?”

“I think Em and James are sneaking in the back door.  They aren’t very quiet.”

“I don’t think Emmett has ever waited to have sex this long.  I have a feeling we’ll be able to hear them in our bedrooms later. Lindz, I have never been happier in my life.”

“I have never been happier for you, Bri.  You have grown into an amazing father and will soon have a second one.  Brian, I need to ask you something.  Do you think…..I have been offered a conservatorship in London and Mel knows a law firm that will take her on.  We hate to do it but we will both be extremely busy and Gus... It wouldn’t be fair to him so I would understand if you can’t.  We would just stay here but if you think you can handle it…. Ronni is very impressive and if you have her helping with the kids….”

“Oh Lindsay, it would be a dream but I have to talk to Sunshine.”

“Of course you do.  Talk to him. Talk to Ronni.  We have to give and answer September 15 and if it is a go we would leave about October 1st.”

Brian leaned over and kissed her, “Thank you, Lindz.  Thank you for trusting me.”

“Look at this bedroom,” James said as he and Emmett walked in, hand in hand.  Candles were lit all around and there was champaign in a bucket waiting for them.

“I bet it was Justin.  He is sweet that way.” Emmett walked over and began to unbutton James’ shirt. After each button he placed a kiss on his expansive chest. He pulled the tails out of his trousers and then peeled the shirt off.  Em slowly ran his hands across his shoulders and then down his arms. He stepped closer and their lips met.  He reached for James’ belt buckle but James took a step back.

“Let’s open the bottle.  It’s early and we have all night.”

Justin had left Gus sleeping in a makeshift bed on the floor of Mel and Lindsay’s bedroom and then went to check on Dani.  He knocked softly. “Dani? Are you awake?”

“Come in, Justin.”

“I just wanted  to check on you.  You didn’t eat much tonight and…”

Justin saw her cringe. “Dani, are you in labor?”

“I’m not sure but, I think so!” she bent over as a pain washed over her.

“I’ll tell Brian to get the car.  Can you get dressed or do you need some help?”

Dani breathed through the pain, “Just get Brian and then come back and I’ll tell you where my go bag is.”


Em and James each had a glass of champagne in their hands.  They half laid, half sat on the bed.  Emmett’s shirt had been removed at some point but both still had their pants on.  They touched and kissed but each time Em went to undo James’ fly James deterred him. When they each emptied their glasses Em put his hand on James’ hip and leaned against him. James' eyes widened a bit as Emmett pressed himself against him.  It was obvious James was nervous.

“Jamie, have I done something wrong or forgotten something?  Everytime I move to get you undressed, you stop me and I’m way past stopping.”

“Oh, Em, I want to.  I do, but, you have had so much more experience than I have.  I have only….I have done this with plenty of men but in most cases this is when my mother’s words came to me and….  I have never been serious and, yes, I have had sex but I have never topped and I am so worried I will do something that you don’t like or that hurts you.”

Emmett took his empty glass and set them both to the side and reached over and undid his own fly and slipped out of his trousers and then his briefs before laying back down next to James.  “You are not going to hurt me and if you do it will only be on the way to pleasure.  Please take off your pants and have your way with me.  I will guide you if you want but James, you will not do anything that scares me away.  In fact, you will probably have to get a restraining order to ever get rid of me.” Emmett reached over to James’ fly and this time James didn’t stop him.


Justin rushed out to the pool to find Lindsay in Brian’s arms.  “Bri,” his voice sounded frantic.

“Sunshine, you know Lindz and I….”

Justin interrupted him, “Brian, Dani is in labor.  Get the car.  We will meet you in the garage.”

“Shit!” Brian jumped up.  “I’m not going to miss this son’s birth.”

Lindsay stood and gave Brian a quick hug.  “Keep in touch.  Let me know if there is anything I can do.”  Brian rushed off to get the keys and the car.

Justin sat in the back with Dani and helped any way he could as Brian flew down the empty road. 

“Justin….” she panted, “how much further?”

“Brian?” Justin looked at him.

“Ten minutes? I told Lindz to call the police and tell them what I was driving.  Hopefully….” Brian didn’t have time to finished his comment when a police car pulled out in front of them and started its lights and sirens. “I hope they are here for us.”  Brian floored the gas pedal, just keeping up with the police.

“I don’t think I can wait! I need to push!”

“Come on, honey.  You need to hold on.  This baby could be very small.  He is safe where he is but as soon as he comes out…..”  Justin saw the look on her face and knew they didn’t have much time.

“Dani, I can see the sign.  Just hang in there.”

The police officer waved at them as they turned into the emergency room.  “We’re here, Dani.  You did so good, honey.” 

“Oh, god, Justin I ….” she screamed loudly.  Brian was already moving toward the door and grabbed a wheelchair that was sitting there. He heard someone inside yell that he couldn’t take that.    He knew someone would be right behind him.

 Brian opened the door next to Justin. “Sunshine, slide out.  I will get her.  You hold the chair.” Justin followed direction and Brian pulled her out and carried her to the chair. By now an orderly had come to get the chair and saw what was going on.  As soon as she was in the chair, the orderly pushed and Justin was right behind.  Brian caught his hand and kissed him. “I’ll park the car.  Love you, daddy.”  Justin ran off after Dani. 

Dani’s midwife was waiting for them inside the door. “Well, Dani, I thought you had plans this weekend?” She smiled at Justin.  “Let me get her settled and then I will come get you.”  With that she pushed Dani into a room. 

Justin paced back and forth between the room and the door, looking for Brian but before he arrived, a nurse came out.  “Are you Justin?”

He nodded, “Yes, I am.”

“Well, if you want to see your son born you need to come now,” the young nurse said.

Justin followed her in, “Oh, Justin…..” Justin rushed into the room and wrapped his arms around her.

“Justin, slide in behind her.  Support her back.  It is only going to take a few good pushes and your son will be here,” the midwife smiled reassuringly at him.

“Is he big enough to….”

“We aren’t going to worry about that.  Dani has been a very good nurturer for all these months and you and Brian have supported her, taking care of her….This baby has a better chance than most.”

“Oh god, Justin…..” Dani grabbed her knees and bore down. He moved against her helping her push through.

“Oh, I see the head.  One more push and we will see his sweet face.” 

Justin kept glancing at the door.  He wanted Brian there.  He didn’t want him to miss it.  As if he conjured him up, Brian came rushing through the door with an orderly on his heels. The midwife glanced over his shoulder.  “Ah, the other father,” she nodded at the orderly who turned around and left.  “You are just in time.  Ok, Dani, another push and we should have head and shoulders.”

Brian moved further in the room and stood holding Dani and Justin’s hands. 

“This is it, Dani, push.” Brian moved down a bit further and Dani pushed Justin to one side.

“Go, go to Brian,” she said through gritted teeth. Justin kissed and slipped out while a nurse moved in to support her. Brian pulled Justin into his arms and as Brian looked over his shoulder, they watched their son come into the world. He was small but he was crying before he was in the midwife’s hands. 

The midwife turned to them and after quickly wrapping him in a towel she handed him to Justin.  Brian looked over Justin’s shoulder and saw the little boy that looked so much like Justin already. “Brian, would you like to cut the cord?” Justin looked at him and nodded. Brian took the scissors and clipped it. Then Justin moved toward Dani. 

“Dani, he is so beautiful.  Would you like to hold him?”

“Not right now.  I do want to hold him but this time is for you and Brian.”

“Gentlemen, let us clean him up a bit and then my nurse said there is an empty room down the hall that is usually for waiting families but the two of you can use it to get acquainted with your son.


Emmett pressed his naked body against James’. He was perfect. As their mouths explored Emmett’s hand rested on James’ tight ass. “Jamie, I am so ready for you.  Please,” he slipped a condom over James’ large erection and then he stood and pulled James up. He kissed him and then softly said, ‘make love to me, Jamie.” 

As he positioned himself on the bed and as Jamie very tentatively slowly entered him. Emmett could only wait so long before he pushed himself backwards quickly making himself take in a sharp breath but then he was in heaven. James went on and on.  Em had never felt so used by the time James cried out, but used in the best way possible.

They each had another glass of bubbly before making love again.  This time James was more confident.  He was still gentle but took charge. This time Em was looking into James’ eyes as he moved forcefully in and out. As they both came to the edge James shouted, “Emmett Honeycutt, I love you! I don’t care what my mother thinks.  I love you.”


Justin and Brian had removed their shirts and as Justin lay in Brian’s arms, Aaron lay on his chest with two sets of arms holding him in place.  “Are we ready for this?” Justin said in a hushed voice.  “Did we take on too much?”

“Absolutely not and you don’t know half of it.”

Justin looked up at Brian, “What are you talking about?”

“When you came to get me, Lindsay had just asked if we would take Gus for the rest of the year starting in October. They both have a chance to work in Europe. Of course, I told her I had to talk to you.”

“Oh, Brian! We can have both our boys.  Gus will know he is his real brother.  I think that is perfect.”

“I think we will run it past Ronni.  I think we need to hire a housekeeper, too.  She will be busy with the boys.”

There was a soft tap on the doors. The young nurse walked in with a bottle. “It looks like your son is pretty content right now but he may get hungry soon.  And Dani wanted me to remind you, you have a wedding to go to in a few hours.”

“What time is it?” Justin had sat up abruptly making Aaron react a bit. Justin kissed the top of his head and made some soothing sounds.

“It is 4:00 a.m.  It’s been a quiet night and Dani and I have been chatting.  She doesn’t want you to change your plans at all today.  She wants to watch over Aaron for you while you get married and enjoy your friends.”

“Is she awake?” Brian asked.

“She just fell asleep but I am guessing she will be awake again in the next hour.  Feed your son and I will let you know when she wakes up.”

“Thank you. Have any of the tests you ran on him come back?”  After Brian and Justin had had a few minutes with Aaron they had taken in for about half an hour to do some tests they needed.  He was tiny but other than that seemed healthy.

“Your little guy is perfect in every way,” she smiled at them.  “See if he is hungry and I will let you know when Dani wakes up.”

“Brian, do you think we should cancel the party today? Shouldn’t we stay….”

“We should get married.  That little boy will be well cared for and we have the rest of our lives to watch over him.  Let Dani do this for us.  I honestly think she wants to.” Brian kissed Aaron’s soft head and then kissed Justin, exploring his mouth thoroughly with his tongue. When he stepped back he took Aaron from him.

“You’re right. We will give them time together before she leaves.  And if it is too hard for her I know the staff understands and I can see Mom and Molly coming over here after the ceremony, especially if I ask them.”

“Do you think your mom is really Ok with this?”

“She will be.  Look at that face.  He will melt away any doubts she has.” 

They sat down and Brian started feeding the little boy who took to the bottle immediately. “I guess we should talk about middle names.  We decided on Aaron but we have talked about several middle names.”

“Bri, would you hate it if I wanted Craig?”

“Sunshine, are you sure about that?  After what that man put you through?”

“I know you don’t understand the whole family thing but I still have good memories of him.  When I was young he was a good dad and it is my middle name. And some day, when he is old enough, we will tell him everything and I would like Daniel in there for Dani.”

“If that is what you want, it is fine with me. Brian kissed the infant again, “Well, Aaron Daniel Craig Taylor-Kinney, we love you. We did decide on Taylor-Kinney, right?”

“Yes.  I think it is easiest for us to keep our names but he will know he belongs to both of us.’

“He definitely does.”

After Aaron completed his bottle the nurse took them to Dani and took Aaron for a diaper change.

Dani had moved to a very nice room on the edge of the maternity ward.  She looked a little tired but she looked calm and relaxed.  “How is your little boy?”

“He is just perfect. Dani, how can we ever thank you.”

“There is nothing you need to do for me.  You have done so much already.  I’m sorry this happened on your wedding day.”

Brian walked over and kissed her cheek.  “Don’t worry over that.  Gus was born on the day we met, well the day after we met but the first day we were together so it is fitting Aaron is born on this celebration day.”

“Dani, are you sure you don’t mind having him with you today?”

“Not at all.  We can get to know each other a bit before I leave the hospital tomorrow.”

“The loft is yours until you go to Haiti.  Don’t rush it.  You need to recuperate from giving birth.”  Brian squeezed her hand.

“Thank you, Brian. Now,” she looked over at Justin,  “go home and sleep a couple hours before all your friends arrive. Tell Jenn she’s a grandmother and Molly that she is an aunt.”

“You know they will be here before the wedding.” Justin smiled down at her.

“They should be.  Aaron is part of their family.”

Justin held her hand and sat on the edge of the bed, “I, we want to ask your permission.  Is it alright with you if we name him Aaron Daniel Craig Taylor-Kinney?”

She swallowed hard.  “Oh, I….. yes, that is perfect. Now, get out of here.  We will be fine.  I will send you a picture or two throughout the day and I don’t want to see you until tomorrow morning when you can take your little guy home.” Both Brian and Justin kissed her and hand in hand walked out of the room.  


James woke and thought he was in a dream but slowly he remembered where he was and the feel of the warm tongue on his cock was not his imagination. As Emmett’s mouth took his whole shaft in his mouth, James' body began to react.  He thrusted upward and soon got into a rhythm.  When he came in an explosion, Emmett seemed to know just what to do to cause him even more pleasure. Em moved up and James pulled him close.

“Did you really say you loved me last night?” Em said before kissing him.

“Is that alright? I know it's crazy but I know I love you and if my mom can’t accept it…..”

“Oh James, I think I love you too but I don’t want you to do anything drastic.  I think we need to give Ronni a little time to adjust.  That doesn’t mean we care about each other any less but you do love your mom, as you should.  Hell, I love my mom and she can barely stand the sight of her queer son.  Your mom will get it.  She just needs a little time and I have waited for nearly 30 years to find you.  I am willing to try not to drop my pants in front of her and beg for that amazing cock of your. ”

James looked horrified for a moment and then smiled. “Oh, Emmett, I can already see an adventure beginning. I would love to stay in bed with you all day but I need to get to the main house before Mom comes looking for me.”

“I will let you get caught up with her before I come to the house.  I will have deliveries arriving soon so I do need to get going.”


As the sun began to peak above the horizon, Brian and Justin crawled into bed.  Justin set the alarm for 10:00 a.m. giving them three hours to sleep.  Brian moved up behind Justin and Justin moved making it known what he wanted.  Brian slipped inside of him and they fell into a deep sleep knowing that their lives were about to change.  Could life get any better?

 

Chapter 13 by Simply written

Chapter 13


Justin woke and realized Brian was still inside of him. Brian must have felt him clench around him and he began to move slowly. Until they both climaxed.  Then, Brian spoke for the first time, “Good morning, Sunshine.  How are you feeling? Not too tired I hope.”

“I’m not. I’m excited to see all our friends together for the first time but I miss Aaron.  I think I should run back and…”

“I am sure your mom and Molly have already left for the hospital.  They will give us a report when they get back.  I think you and I need to pull something on and make sure nothing has to be done before we come back and shower for the wedding. He had already slipped on some pants and a shirt. Justin followed suit and together they moved down the steps. 

The instant they saw James and Emmett’s faces in the kitchen they knew the deed had been done. If for no other reason, the way Emmett walked across the kitchen made it obvious to them. And the way James watched him walk told them the rest. Those two had it bad.

“So, you have a new son!” Ronni came over and hugged them both.  “He is small but he is alright?”

“The tests say he is perfect, only  a little small.  Aaron will come home tomorrow,” Justin smiled as he talked about their son. “Ronni, do you think you can take care of two boys full time? Mel and Lindsay may be going away for a bit.”

“Speaking of Mel and Lindsay and Gus, where are they?”

“They are out playing on the property, trying to get rid of some of his energy before a short nap and then dress up for the wedding.  You both need to eat something.” Ronni pointed at the stools by the counter.  There was a small area there that wasn’t full of wedding prep so they sat down and instantly some rolls and fruit appeared.  Then a cup of coffee for Brian was set down and an extra large cup of tea for Justin.

Brian looked at Justin and could see the strain in his face then. “I should have noticed.  Sunshine, is it bad? We can still cancel.”

“Absolutely not! I have a feeling Ronni has this well brewed for me this morning.”

“I think it will help.  Take one of your pills, too. I know you will drink some but just sip the stuff until the party is winding down.  I am afraid the combination would knock you out quickly.”  

Justin saw Ronni’s eyes follow Emmett and James as they went around the corner of the house.  “Is something wrong, Ronni?”

“What could be...I don’t think James was watching the house as you asked him last night.  I think he may have wandered and… tell me about your friend, Emmett. I… never mind.  I shouldn’t bother you, not today.”  She turned her back on Brian and Justin.  

Justin began to get up but Brian put his hand on his thigh and got up instead.  He walked over to Ronni and slipped an arm around her waist, “Ronni, Emmett is a very good man.  We grew up in very different areas with very different families and very different attitudes.  We both knew we were gay as children, like most do, but where I ‘looked’ normal, Emmett has always been big as life. Emmett doesn’t have a cruel bone in his body, even though his family and community took every chance they could on treating him like shit, Emmett took it and as soon as he could get out, he did.  I think he still calls his mom on her birthday as well as sends gifts at Christmas and Mother’s Day but he doesn’t call often.  She has to do the if onlys and but you could be… He hasn’t seen her in about a decade.  He has so much love to share. I have no idea what James and Emmett have planned but, Ronni, I know how much you love James.  How much are you willing to lose to keep your stubborn beliefs?”  He kissed her cheek and turned to Justin, “Ready to get ready for this wedding? We have less than two hours.” 

Justin took his hand and together they walked up the steps. When they got in their room Justin turned and faced him.  “What you said down there, that was perfect.  She needed to hear it but you did it with love and tact. No wonder I want to raise Aaron, well and Gus, with you.” They kissed and undressed each other before heading to the shower together. They both got quieter.  They dressed and primped.  It was about noon when there was a knock on the door. 

“Honey, it’s Mom and Molly.” 

Justin and Brian looked at each other and then Justin said, “Come in.” 

The door opened and Molly flew at Justin.  “Oh, Justin, he is so perfect and I love the name Aaron.  He is so cute. Can I come babysit sometimes?”

“Whoa, Mollusk, we have years to put you into slave labor with our children.  Mom, how are he and Dani?”

“They are both great.  Tomorrow you are taking him home?”

“We are but today we just have  so much to celebrate.” Brian encircled Justin’s shoulders from behind.

“You both look great, by the way.  You both deserve the best day ever. Come on, Mol, let's go down and greet the guests.”

“I’ll be right there, Mom.  Brian, can I talk to Justin alone?”

Brian smiled at Molly, “Jenn, let me walk you down.”  He turned and kissed Justin, “I’ll see you downstairs, Sunshine.”

Molly shut the door and then turned to Justin.  “Why did you name Aaron after Dad? After all he did to you, why did you do that?”

“Well, it is my middle name, too, but I mainly did it because, even though I will never be close to him, if it wasn’t for him, I won’t be here and you wouldn’t be here and…..” Justin stopped himself.  He would tell her the truth sometime but he didn’t have time to do that today.  “I could be angry the rest of my life but I refuse to do that.  I doubt he ever thinks about what he did except when he thinks about his punishment.”

“Justin, do we know anything about the court case. I am so tired of this hanging over all of us.”

“He is trying to make an agreement and if he does that could mean we go back to court within a couple weeks but Molly, you don’t have to go.”

“Yes, I do.  You’re my brother and he kept you away from me and Mom.” She hugged him, “I’m sorry.  There is a party going on down there in honor of you and Brian.  Let’s go.”


Brian had barely landed on the main floor when Gus hurled himself at him. Brian picked him up. “Hey, sonny boy, how are you today? Are you ready to be the ring bear?”

“Yep, where’s Jussy?”

“He will be down in just a few minutes.” Brian set him down and they talked about what he was going to do at the ceremony.   

There was a tap on the back door and when Brian looked at the door he saw Michael and Ben standing there. “I will be right back, Gus.”  Brian got up and rushed to the door and into the arms of his oldest friend.  “Michael, it has been a long time since I’ve seen you.” The two friends kissed longer than was comfortable for anyone else. Brian tried to step back once but Michael kept holding on. Finally they separated, “Ben, good to see you.” He shook his hand. “When did you get back in town?”

“Well, we are just in town for the weekend. Ben has taken a job at Georgetown for the year.  We are living in D.C.”

“Wow,” Brian turned to Ben, “Good for you! I’m glad you could make it.  We just wanted to celebrate with our friends even though we got married two weeks ago and, Michael, we had another son last night.  He showed them pictures of Aaron on his phone.

“Oh, Brian, he’s beautiful but why would you take on a child now?  That sounds like Justin’s idea.”  Michael commented.

“There’s a story behind it but now’s not the time.” Brian heard the door open behind him and there stood Justin. “Sunshine, get over here.”

Justin walked over and hugged Michael, “It is really good seeing you, Michael.  I am sorry we haven’t gotten together earlier.  It has been a crazy few months.  And with my dad being loose until recently….”

“I understand.  We were out of the state anyway,” Michael commented.

“I’m Ben.  Great to finally meet you.” Ben extended his hand and Justin shook it. “I hear congratulations on a new son is appropriate.”

Justin’s face lit up, “Yes, Aaron is very small but he is healthy and will be coming home tomorrow. Life is good.  I’m anxious to get to know you, Ben.” Justin looked around and saw his mom waving him over.  “I am being called.  We will talk tonight.  Brian, tell them about their bedroom,” and Justin was off.

“He looks really good, Brian.  I had heard he was having trouble talking and walking.”

“He has worked really hard and our son’s mother was a big part of his recovery. He has a ways to go yet but other than the headaches he gets he has done very well.” 

Emmett and James started directing people to the side yard where chairs were set up for the ceremony.  Jenn and Molly took their place in the front row along with Melanie, Lindsay, and Gus on the other side.  Behind them sat Ted and Blake along with Cynthia and her date.  Emmett, James, and Ronni sat behind Jenn and Molly with Ben, Michael, Debbie and Vic behind Ted and Blake.  

The remainder of the friends and relatives filled in the other chairs.  The officiant stood under the archway and hand in hand Brian and Justin walked between the rows of chairs. As the ceremony started Emmett leaned against James. With Ronni focused on what was being said Em snuck a quick kiss on James’ neck.  His focus went back to the front when Brian started talking.

“We are so glad you could join us today,” Brian said, addressing the guests. “We were married two weeks ago in Canada but today we want to declare our love in front of those who are important to us. Brian turned back toward Justin and took his hands, “Sunshine, I thought I had lost you for two years and once I had you back, I knew I could never be without you.  If it hadn’t been for your family supporting me and for my son, I wouldn’t be here today and I wouldn’t be here with our family. I never dreamt of happiness like this.  We now have two sons and a beautiful home but most importantly, we have each other and as long as we have that we have the world.  I love you, Justin Taylor and I am so honored that you want to call me husband.”

“Justin, do you have anything you would like to say to Brian?” the officiant smiled at Justin and he began to speak.

“Brian, darling, I was beaten and then lied to and I was foolish enough to think it was the truth.  Your patience since day one has been unrelenting.  You have held me through the good and the bad and when I mentioned we should adopt a child before I could even be trusted to walk on my own you never said no.  And last night as our son came into this world small but a fighter, I knew he was ours.  Oh, Brian Kinney, I didn’t want to live until I knew you wanted me to live with you.  I love you.” By now nearly everyone had tears in their eyes or spilling down their cheeks.

“The love in this garden is obvious.  Do you have a symbol of your love you would like to share?”

Brian stuck his hand out to Gus who came running over to him with his little hand curled into fists. Brian bent down and hugged Gus and took the rings out of one hand then Justin dropped to one knee to hug the little boy and took the rings out of the other hand. He then whispered something in Gus’ ear and Gus nodded energetically.  He then turned to the guests and in his strongest three year old voice he grrrrrr’d at the guests before running back to his moms. When Justin stood up, Brian saw him blink and reached out and took hold of Justin’s elbow.  He glanced at the officiant who took the cue.

“Brian, please slip the ring on Justin’s finger.” He did so. “Justin, it’s your turn.” Justin put the rings on Brian’s finger.  “And now because of the love these two have for each other please give a hand to Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor, partners until death separates them.” 

Brian pulled Justin into his arms and they did what they do best.  They kissed.  Brian knew Justin needed a minute to get his balance and then he needed to get him away for a few minutes. Hopefully, Ronni would follow them and do her magic.  As all this ran through his mind, took a slight step away from Justin and quickly slipped his arm around his waist. 

As Brian and Justin walked down the aisle all their friends cheered and clapped.  As soon as they  turned the corner Brian rushed Justin into the pool house.  Emmett appeared out of nowhere.  “I’ll get the guests over to the food.  Ronni is on  her way with a cup of her magic. Take a few minutes.  James and I have crowd control.  Five minutes later Justin had the tea in his hands and Ronni was rubbing his temples and making soothing sounds as she did so.  She stopped so he could take another swallow and ten minutes later Justin was ready to join the guests.

“Sunshine, are you sure you can do this?  We can make it short and send everyone home.”

“Bri, I’ll be fine and once we are down to just the gang, I can go to bed if I need to and you can stay up and enjoy yourself.”

“I am not sending you to bed alone on our wedding night but we don’t need to talk about that now.  Ronni, thank you.”

“I am glad I could help. Now, I will make sure everything in the kitchen is going smoothly and then I am going to celebrate with your friends.”

“You deserve it,” Justin kissed her. “Enjoy the evening.  Tomorrow we have an infant in the house.”

“And Tuesday I will get more help hired,” Brian assured her.

“Brian, I don’t need more help.  As long as you have someone to clean this beast of a house, I will be fine.  And we can talk tomorrow about which room I will move into.”  And with that she was gone.

Brian hugged Justin.  “Ready, Sunshine?”

“Yes, let’s go find our ring bear,” he grrrrd like Gus had and they walked out to the guests laughing.

Veronica walked into the kitchen and heard something in the hallway on the other side of the kitchen wall.  She looked, expecting to find a lost guest looking for the bathroom but instead found James and Emmett.  James had Em pressed against the wall with one hand behind Emmett’s head while Em’s hands were on James’ ass pressing his pelvis tighter against him.

“Oh!” it was out of her mouth before she realized it and she turned and rushed back to the kitchen.  Just out of instinct she grabbed a cloth and started wiping down the counter and organizing things.

James looked at Em and took a step back.  “I have to find her.”  Em nodded in understanding but they were both surprised when they saw her right around the corner.

“Manman,” James used the Haitian term for mother, “please, I didn’t mean for you to see that.  We,....we….”

“Veronica, the last thing your son wanted to do was have you walk in on that.  Yes, we are attracted to each other and we hope for this to go somewhere but we don’t want you to get hurt from any of this.  We hope you will give us your blessing but we can’t ignore our feelings.  We will respect your space and we will keep our distance in public spaces.”  Em kissed James’ cheek and then Ronni’s before he walked out to check on the servers before becoming just a guest for the rest of the night. 

James stood near his mother, “Manman, I really care about him and you have been my everything up until now but please, don’t make me choose between the man I love and the woman who gave me life.”

Ronni looked up at her son.  Her emotions were all over her face.  “I….we will talk later.  I need a drink.”  With that, Ronni ran a hand through her hair and straightened her dress before walking out the door and grabbing the first drink she saw.

James was shaken.  He knew this day would come but today? He had to go into work mode. He would deal with this later.  He made sure he went the opposite direction from Emmett.


It was a couple hours later.  Brian and Justin had mingled for about half an hour and then Brian made Justin sit and they sat down and let their guests come to them.  At one point when it was just the two of them Justin brought his mouth to Brian’s ear, “Did you see Emmett come out alone and then Ronni followed? She hasn’t stopped drinking and Em looks lost.  James seems to be missing.”

“Well, I hope James is working but I know what you mean.  I’ll try to make a round in a couple minutes.  Don’t look now but Debbie is on her way over.  Do you mind if I desert you once she moves in and I will do a little scouting?”

“Sure,” Justin kissed Brian and it went on until they heard Debbie.

“You two will never change.  I’m so happy for you two!  I knew it from the first time I saw you together.  Sunshine, you were so young but so much wiser than this one.”

“Well, thanks, Debbie, I love you, too.” Brian stood and kissed her cheek.  “I need to say goodbye to some business associates. Please keep Sunshine company.”  Brian walked off and Debbie sat down next to him.

“Oh Sunshine, I couldn’t believe it when I heard you were alive.  That so-called father of yours deserves anything he gets.  How could anyone…..I can’t imagine locking Michael away from his friends.  He was just a fucking idiot.  He always has been.”

“Debbie,” Justin laughed, “I am glad you haven’t changed.”

“How are you, Sunshine?” She saw he was focused on something across the pool.  Brian had Gus on his shoulders as he walked from guest to guest. “I never thought he would settle down but as soon as he thought he had lost you, he changed.  He thought he had lost, well to be honest, the only human that would love him for who he is and that could see his heart and not just his dick.”

Justin hugged her, “I missed you Debbie.  I didn’t realize how much.”

“You had a headache earlier, didn’t you?”

“Yes, but it is much better.  Ronni is a great herbalist and she has helped me a lot. I will go to the neurologist sometime soon but I postponed it because we had so much going on.  Have you seen pictures of our son?” Justin and Debbie continued to chat as he showed her pictures. 

Brian handed Gus off to Molly who was going to try to get him to take a nap while Brian caught Emmett near the pool house.  He shoved him inside. “Brian Kinney, you had lots of opportunities to have your way with me but on your wedding….”

“Shut up, Honeycutt.  What is going on? Where is James?”

With that Emmett’s facade collapsed, “Oh, Brian, it was horrible.  Well, it was beautiful and then it was horrible. We were just kissing  but Ronni caught us and… I gave them time together but I haven’t seen him since and she is getting drunk and…”

“I am going to talk to her but at least all this is a distraction for her.  Em,  I’m on your side and I have told her that. You two belong together. It’s obvious, even to an asshole like me.”

Em smiled at him, “Thanks, Brian, because I hope to be seeing a lot more of you. Now go.  You can’t leave Sunshine with Debbie forever.  His headache will come back.” Emmett impulsively hugged Brian before they both left the building.

Next Brian located Ronni and headed toward her. This was Justin’s specialty, not his but he would do his best. He casually  moved to her side where she was talking to a business associate of his along with Cynthia and her date. Brian talked for a couple minutes and once he was assured that Ronni was not too drunk he moved on to locate James.  He found him in the security room to the side of the house.

James nearly jumped out of his chair when Brian arrived.  “Hey, I told Em I would check on you.  You know you don’t have to stay in here.  If anyone had planned to crash the party they would have by now. Or are you avoiding Emmett?”

“I am not avoiding him.  I’m avoiding my mom. She just...did Em tell you what happened?”

“Yes and I still think your mom will come around. She believes in true love.  I hope a little time will be all she needs. I really like Ronni but she knows she won’t be working here if she doesn’t get over her homophobia.”

“Do you really think she will accept Em and me?”

“I think her love for you is stronger than anything else. Now, go find Emmett.  I think your mom is about to head to your house anyway.  And tomorrow she will move into the main house so you will have your privacy.”

“Oh, that will be good.  Do you think Em will move…”

“All I will say is he is welcome to stay if you two decide that’s what‘s best.  Now I’m going to go find Justin and the real party is about to start.  Grab your trunks. The pool will be in full swing.


When the last of the wedding guests had left and it was just the gang left the party vibe changed.  Everyone was directed to their rooms for the night and were told the next part of the party would start at 5:00, which gave them all about an hour to do whatever they chose.  Jenn and Molly said their goodbyes so they could go see Aaron and Dani once more before going home.  Jenn had taken the time to pack up Dani’s clothes and Ted and Blake would bring it to the loft in the morning so she could go directly to the loft.  If Jenn had missed anything they could get it to her or she was welcome to come get it herself.

Brian made Justin lay down and curled up behind him. “Today was perfect,” Justin said drowsily, “except for the headache.  Thanks for saving me.  I would have taken a nosedive if you hadn’t held my elbow.”

“My pleasure, Sunshine.  Now, shut your eyes for 30 minutes so the headache doesn’t come back.” Justin guided Brian’s hand over his heart and held onto it there.  Brian woke him by gently biting his neck.

“Careful, we don’t have time to finish that.  Let’s get our trunks on and see if we need to get dinner out or if Ronni came back to set it up.” Justin turned and kissed him.  “What happened today?”

“I’ll tell you while we change.” Brian explained how Ronni walked in on Em and James.  “She is just coming to terms with it.  I really think her heart will lead her to the truth.” He turned and saw Justin in a small Speedo. “God, are you really going to wear that?”

“I am.  I like it and don’t have the chance to wear it often but in front of our friends I don’t mind.”

“What happens when I take it off you in public?” He put his hand on Justin’s crotch.

“It wouldn’t be the first time they saw us have sex.”

“But now we make love and I have to admit, that is much more personal.” Brian kissed him with such passion Justin almost changed into trunks when he was done but he decided he didn’t care who knew how much he loved and wanted Brian.”

They slipped on robes before going down to the kitchen.  “Well, glad to see you looking so good, Justin.  Your headache is still gone?”

“Yes, thanks to you I could enjoy the party.  Is Gus with his moms in their room?”

“No, actually Gus went home with Debbie and Vic.  She is quite the character.  I liked her very much.”  Ronni smiled as she thought about the brash woman.

“Did the two of you talk?” Justin asked.

“She has a strong opinion about everything, doesn’t she.”

“She is always going to say what she thinks,” Brian joined in.

“Yes, I realize that.  I have the food all ready.  Most of it is on the table out there,” she pointed to the deck area.  Some of it is in the refrigerator and there are additional snacks there if you need more.  I am going to the house and finish packing and then get a good night sleep so I am ready for your son. Do you have a room for him and furniture with supplies?”

“It will be here in the morning.”  Brian commented.

“And my mom is shopping for him.  I am sure by the time he gets here, she will have a whole wardrobe for him,” Justin added.

“Well good, I am sure your mom remembers what it takes to care for a baby. Now, I will be back in the morning to make breakfast for everyone before sending them off.”

“Thanks Ronni, for everything you’ve done.” Justin said as she waved and walked out the door.


An hour later they had all been in the pool but as the sun went down it began to cool off.  James started the fire pit and everyone either changed back into clothes or wrapped up in robes Brian and Justin made available. Mel and Lindsay talked about going to Europe and Michael and Ben told everyone about the move to D.C. The group was going to get smaller.  Emmett and James sat  together in a lounger.  Em rested his head on James shoulder until James got up.  

“I am going to do a quick check and make sure everything is locked up for the night.  You stay and enjoy your friends,” James said and kissed him before leaving in a jog.

Once he was out of earshot, Ted said, “Em, how’d you snag the hotty.  I mean he is an almost perfect specimen of a man.”

“Am I such a loser that I can’t get a beautiful man?” Em responded.

“Em, you know I don’t think that way.  I am so glad you found a nice guy who happens to be gorgeous, too.”

“Um, Ted, if you’re not careful, you are going to give me a complex,” Blake said with a smile.

“You are the perfect man for me, darling.” Ted bent and kissed Blake, “and since you said something, Blake, what do you say you and I do this someday.”

“Have a pool party? That would be difficult since we don’t have a pool,” Blake kissed him again as Ted sat down next to him.

“Blake, I’m in no hurry but, will you marry me?”

“I, oh Ted,” Blake stumbled over the words.

“You don’t have to decide right now. I just want you to know, I love you and I want this for us.  Of course, I can’t afford an estate but….”

“Yes, Ted, I’ll marry you.  I have loved you for a long time and I want to spend my life with you.” 

The whole group cheered and Brian jumped up, ‘Well, that calls for more bubbly, if there is any more chilled.” Emmett went with Brian into the house to check out the wine fridge.  “So, are you and James…”

“He is tormented.  He is sorting through his love for his mother and I think I should let him go because I don’t want to ruin that bond.”

“Emmett, you see him for who he truly is.  If Veronica can’t, he will never have his own life.  You need to think of that.”

“And I am afraid if she gives him an ultimatum….”

“Just be there, Em, and we are here too.”

“Thanks, Brian.  I think he is talking to her right now.”


James had checked the back gate and then he stopped at the guest house.  He stood by the door for a moment before going in.  He walked in and found his mother sitting on the sofa with a glass of wine.  She looked surprised to see him. “Jamie boy,” he could tell that was not her first glass, “I didn’t expect to see you tonight.  I thought you had chosen where and who you were sleeping with.”  There was an edge to her voice.

“Mom, I was going to tell you about us but you would just tell me to find the right woman. Mom, I think the right woman for me happens to be a man. If anything, today should have shown you that love is love. Brian and Justin’s friends love each other as much as any couples I have ever seen.  Mom, say something.”

“James, I need you in my life. I never really experienced love as an adult and I want something different for you. Please, be patient with me but I can see he cares about you already and if you are bringing him into the family.  He is family.”

“Oh, Manman, I love you.  I didn’t know how I would choose between you. I love you but I need Emmett.”

“Go, find your Emmett.  I will see you in the morning and the house will be yours alone or a romantic home for two.”

James wrapped his arms around his mom and kissed her. “Thank you, Mom.  I will come by in the morning to help move your things to the main house.”

“Yes, now go. I am going to bed soon.  I have a group to feed in the morning.”


Emmett helped bring out the champagne and after toasting to Ted and Blake, he slipped away to find James. He was about half way back to the guest house when out of nowhere a shadow moved his way.  “Whoever it is, I'm armed and I have a big, boy….”

“Em, it’s me.” James slipped his arms around Emmett’s slim body.

“Oh, am I glad to…” James stopped his words by crushing his mouth with his own. By the time James backed up a bit Emmett felt like he had no bones in his body.

“You’re armed?” 

“I….kiss me again.” Em moved his head closer to James and he did as he was asked. This time he was gentler and he coaxed Emmett’s tongue into a dance that brought both of them to the brink.  When they stepped apart they hung on to each other for balance. “Jamie, are you telling me that Ronni….”

“Mom sent me out to find my Emmett. Are you mine, Emmett?”

“Oh, Jamie, really? She gave us her blessing?”

“Well, she told us to be patient but she said she wants me to be happy and you make me so happy.”

Together they walked back slowly to the main house hand in hand. “We were wondering if you two were going to join us or if you went straight to bed,” Ted winked at Em.

“We just wanted to say goodnight before we go to bed.  Congratulations again, Brian and Justin and Ted and Blake, let me know when you want me to plan your wedding.”

“We will, Em, but I don’t think we are in any hurry although if Blake said tomorrow, I’d be ready.” Blake ran his hand down Ted’s cheek and rested on his chest. He leaned over and said something.  Ted stood, “Well, all, we are calling it a night.” He grabbed Blake’s hand and they were gone.

“Well, I don’t know what Blake just told him but it was obviously a favorite,” Ben smiled over at Justin and Brian.  “I thought the two of you would have gone to bed already.”

Michael jumped in, “It’s not like there is anything new to do!” He smiled but realized no one else was laughing.  “I just meant you were actually married a couple weeks ago.”

“Michael, let’s go to bed.  I can think of something better to stick in your mouth than your foot,” Ben stood and swayed a bit.  “Ok, ya, I have had more to drink than I have had in a long time. Come on, Michael, take me to bed.”  Michael stood and they leaned on each other as they walked toward the door.

Soon Emmett and James went to the pool house leaving Mel, Lindsay, Justin and Brian out around the fire pit. Brian put one more log on the fire and pulled an almost sleeping Justin against him, kissing his temple.  “Do you want to go to bed, Sunshine? I just thought we should work out some details about Gus coming.”

“That’s fine, Bri, as long as I don't have to say much,” he closed his eyes and they knew he was asleep.

“You know, Brian, he looks twelve when he is like this,” Lindsay commented with fondness in her voice. 

“Hope you know how lucky you are that man loves you,” Mel added.  Then she softened her voice.  “You are made for each other.”

They spoke softly about Gus coming to live with them and as they did, Justin shifted and put his head in Brian’s lap. Brian rubbed his temple as Justin laid there.  “How is he, really?” Lindsay asked.

“He has gotten most of his motor skills back.  Still working on some of the fine motor skills but the headaches are still coming on.  Thankfully, Ronni has an herb mixture he drinks that seems to really help but the last two days have really caught up with him.  But you don’t have to worry about Gus.  I have a housekeeper hired so Ronni will only have to watch the boys and  if she wants to cook a bit she can.”

“Brian, we know you will take care of Gus.  We know how much you love him.”

“Mel, I know you don’t have to be around for the court case.  You have just been helping Justin but do you think it will be done before you leave.”

“Brian, I am fairly sure there is a plea deal that will be settled before the end of the week.”

“Any idea what they are looking at?”

“I’ve warned you it might not be a lot.  He will get time but I doubt he will get more than three years.  And it could be as little as six months.”

A soft voice said, “And Chris Hobbs?”  Justin said as he sat up.

“Justin, it is very likely he will be let out before the end of the month.”

“Ok,” was all he said. “Brian, I’m ready to go to bed now.”

“You two go ahead.  We will make sure the log is out before we go in,” Mel said as she pulled Lindsay close. “We may just…” the women started kissing so Brian stood and guided Justin to the house.

Minutes later they were in bed. Brian lay on his back and Justin put his head on Brian’s chest, “Sunshine, are you ok with Hobbs getting out?”

“I know he has spent two years locked up in hard core prison and although he hurt me, I honestly don’t think he was trying to kill me.  He was a confused kid.” Justin slid down further and soon had Brian’s dick  in his mouth.  As Justin slowly ‘nursed’ on Brian’s cock, he fell sound asleep.

Brian gently took his cock out of his mouth. He would go mad if he couldn’t cum but Justin’s warm mouth was around him.  He slowly moved him up and held him in his arms.  As he drifted off himself he realized this would probably be the last uninterrupted night they would have in a long time.


The next morning, breakfast was available starting at 8:00 a.m.  Brian and Justin  were the first downstairs.  They had heard from the hospital that Aaron could be picked up anytime between 11:00 am and noon.  Since no one else was downstairs yet, Brian slipped into the office to verify the delivery of the furniture while Justin sipped his tea. 

“Ronni, James said you talked to him last night.”

She nodded.

“I understand this is hard for you and if you want to talk about it of even have questions about, well, gay sex, I am willing to talk to you and Brian would, too.  I understand it is a whole different lifestyle and I can imagine your uncertainty.”

“Thank you, Justin.  I don’t think I want details but it is what you and Bria n said to me and just how you are together, that really did make me understand.  I still need to work through some things but I know I want my son happy.  That is the most important thing to me in the world.”

“You won’t be sorry, Ronni. Em will be a wonderful addition to your family.”  

Ronni stiffened a bit and went into professional mode when Ben showed up in the kitchen. “Hey Ben, did you sleep well?”

“Yes, we did.  In fact Michael is still sleeping.”

“Would you like a cup of coffee or tea?” Ronni asked.

“Tea would be great, Ronni.  Thank you so much.” Ronni set a container full of teabags in front of him as well as a small carafe of hot water and a warmed cup.

“Justin, I will be back shortly.  I have some laundry to take care of.”

“You take as much time as you want. I know everything is ready. Ben, would like something to eat or do you want to wait for Michael?”

“I think I will have one of these rolls while I wait for Michael to arrive.  I have some medication I need to take.”

“How are you doing? I know that you are….”

“Positive.  Yes, I am actually doing really well.  The new medications are very good.  Brian’s not still sleeping, is he?”

“No, he is in the office making sure the nursery furniture will be here today. Ben, I don’t mean to be rude but, what do you see in Michael?  It is obvious you are an extremely intelligent man and one look at you tells us you could have your pick of men.  Why Michael?”

“I know Michael doesn’t always think before he speaks but I think you know how big his heart is.”

“Yes, he does.  I know Debbie was his real mom for many years while Joan treated him like shit. And if it wasn’t for Michael taking him home who knows what would have happened.”

“I know what you are really asking, Justin.  How can I love him when I know a part of him will always love Brian?” Ben took a deep breath, “I guess we all have things we just agree to accept.  You have to accept how many men Brian has slept with.”

“Yes, and I didn’t hesitate falling in love with him.  It was just right.”

“Exactly.  There is something about his innocence that I fell in love with along with all his foibles.”

“I’m glad because I think our life would have been a lot messier if Michael would have still been searching.” Justin reached over and hugged Ben.

“Did you already forget what your husband looks like?” Michael said sharply as he walked into the kitchen.

“No, we were actually just talking about you. Brian,” Justin said loudly down the hall, “we have guests ready for breakfast.  Like magic, Ronni appeared and opened up all the pans of hot food and pulled out bowls of fruit. Brian appeared and soon the kitchen was bustling with people.  Ted and Blake looked blissfully happy as did Em and James when they came in from the pool house.  Mel and Lindsay also came down but they grabbed coffee to go and each took a roll.

“Thanks for the hospitality.  We have a little boy to pick up and packing to start. We’ll be in touch.” After a round of hugs and kisses they were gone.  The old and new friends sat around the big kitchen table for another hour but then  it was time to start  moving.  Brian and Justin needed to pick up their son while Ted needed to meet Dani at the loft with her belongings and a key.  Michael and Ben had a house to pack up themselves so everyone was busy.

Brian and Justin were about to go before they realized someone had to be sure to be in the house when the furniture arrived.  Emmett said he would wait for the delivery and show them where to put it because James and Ronni could be moving her stuff to the main house. Once they were sure they had everything arranged they left the house.  They were making one stop, to get a car seat, before going to the hospital.


It was just before noon when Brian, Justin, and Aaron arrived at home.  They weren’t sure how she managed it but the birth certificate, which they would have  in a couple weeks would not have a mother listed and Justin was listed as the father.  No matter how hard they tried they could not get Brian listed on the official document.  They would get him added as legal guardian very soon.  

When they pulled up, Jenn and Molly were there to meet them. Between them and Emmett they had set up the furniture and the little cradle they had bought was sitting in front of the fireplace in the great room where the family room and kitchen was.  Ronni had set up a changing area in the room Dani had moved out of and there was a crib set up in there also.  

Justin looked at that crib and questioned, “Where did this come from? I have never seen this before.”

Ronni smiled, “It was in the guest house.  I knew James would have no use for it and soon it would come in handy here.”

“That is will.  Thanks, Ronni.  This little one will need some lunch soon and then it will be time for a nap.”

The day went on and Jenn took Molly home mid afternoon.  She would start school the next day and Emmett eventually went home, too. After an early dinner, Brian and Justin took their son up to their room.  They had bought a small cradle to go in their room and assured Ronni they would take care of their son tonight.

As they got in bed exhausted from the last three days, Justin looked at Brian and softly said, “Love me.”  Without a verbal response Brian pulled him close and soon Brian was deep inside him and they moved as one. After they had both cum and Justin pulled Brian close they lay there silently.  The only sound in the room was the sound of Aaron making the noises only a baby can make.  

“I didn’t know I could love more than I love you but now with Aaron and of course, Gus, I realized there is always more love to be found.” Justin said as he ran his fingers through Brian’s hair.

“Then why couldn’t my parents love me,” Brian said softly as he held onto Justin more tightly.  Justin continued to brush his hair with his fingers while he felt a dampness on his skin.

 

“Darling, you will never feel unloved again.  I promise.”


Chapter 14 by Simply written

Chapter 14


By morning, Justin was exhausted and his head was splitting.  Aaron had done well for a two day old but Justin slept for about the first hour and then listened to Aaron’s every noise.  He also kept hearing Brian’s sadness.  If he ever saw Joan or Jack, he was worried  about what he might say or do.  Brian was a wounded child that never deserved what he was dealt.  He always shrugged it off but deep down there was a part of his heart that was shattered and Justin knew there was no way to make it whole but he hoped it would mend.  

He slipped on a robe but had to sit again to get his bearings.  He wanted to take Aaron downstairs so Brian could sleep but at the moment he wasn’t steady enough to do that.  He lifted him up and cradled the little boy against him. He could barely keep his eyes open even though the light coming through the window was faint. He knew he had to get downstairs and drink some of Ronni’s mixture but he was nervous he couldn’t make it himself let alone with a baby.  As if out of nowhere the bedroom door cracked open and before he realized it Ronni was gone with Aaron. She nodded toward the door and nodded her head toward the door. 

Justin got up slowly and moved very carefully until he was outside the door. He pulled the door shut and then leaned against the walls with his eyes shut.  “Justin, can you make it down the steps?” Ronni stood at the top of the steps cradling Aaron close.  “Take it slow.  Sit if you need to.  I will get the brew started.”  Ronni moved down the steps.  She wanted to help him but he had his pride.  He usually knew what he could and couldn’t do.  

It took several minutes for him to make it downstairs.  She had not seen it this bad since the first time. “You are going to drink this and then you are going to lie down until your husband can get you  to the doctor. My tea helps but it isn’t going to fix it if it is broken.”

“I can’t go to the doctor. I don’t have time. I have a new baby to…”

“You have a new baby to get healthy for, and you have hired me to help out with this precious soul.” She cooed at Aaron as he drank his breakfast. “He is so perfect. Don’t laugh but he reminds me of my Jamie boy.  Obviously, James was much more handsome,” she winked at Justin, “but he had the same sweet disposition.”

Justin continued to sip the tea but he had to admit he felt horrid.  Ronni knew it, too.  She texted Brian, hoping he would wake to his phone.  Justin looked very pale and she was sure he needed to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible.  She wandered over and laid Aaron in the cradle before walking back to Justin and slipping an arm around his waist she guided him to the sectional near his sleeping son.  “Lay down.” Justin didn’t have the energy to fight her. 

Moments later Brian came downstairs.  “What the hell is so important that….”

“Shush!” Ronni said quietly but with authority.  “Your son is sleeping.” She nodded Justin’s way.  Even softer she said, “He needs to go to the doctor, now.”

Brian’s demeanor changed from grouchiness to concern. He moved directly to Justin’s side, “Sunshine, is it bad?” Justin just nodded.  

“Is there someone I can call so they are waiting when you get there?”

Brian fumbled in his wallet and pulled out the neurologist’s card.  “Call him.  I will be down in five minutes and I’ll bring clothes down for Justin.  Sunshine, I will be right back. Don’t worry about anything.”  As Brian went to their room he was thinking about last night.  He had added so much stress to Justin last night.  When he got like that he knew Justin got upset.  He had a family now.  He couldn’t crumble because Mommy and Daddy didn’t love him. His children would never doubt his love.   Brian grabbed  some clothes for Justin and rushed back down.

Twenty minutes later they were in the vehicle on the way to the specialist.  Brian didn’t ask how she had done it but he was to take Justin directly to his office and they would see him before office hours.  Brian was worried.  This reminded him of the first few days they were together.  It had taken him a couple weeks to get it under control then but now it was like he was starting over and it was his fault.  He shouldn’t have ….. Shit! He knew he couldn’t have changed any of it but he was supposed to protect him.

“Brian, you aren’t to blame,” Justin said softly. He reached over and took Brian’s hand. If you want to blame someone, blame Hobbs, blame my dad...blame me.  I should have gone in last week. Neither of us could know that Aaron would come early and that there was so much going to happen.” He quieted down again and closed his eyes until they arrived.  

Brian helped him into the building and then directly to an exam room. They drew blood and then did a couple scans while they waited for the results.  They gave Justin a shot for the pain and soon he was high as a kite.  “Bri, come lay by me.  I want you next to me,” he said very loudly.

Brian smiled and moved over and laid next to him on the narrow bed.  Justin pulled Brian’s head to his chest.  “I’m sorry, Brian.  No one had the right to treat you so badly.  You were a little boy.  You needed love.”  Brian was glad he drifted off at that moment. Even in his pain, Justin was thinking about him.  That’s why he loved this man.

Brian got up and sat in the chair holding Justin’s hand until the doctor returned. “What did the tests say? Please doctor, tell me he will be alright.”

“Mr. Kinney, your husband,” Brian was sure he just rolled his eyes saying that, “Justin appears to have a partial blockage….” the doctor saw Brian go pale.  “I know he is an adult but I am used to dealing with his father. Is he available?  I think I would feel more comfortable speaking….”

“May I speak to you in the hall,” Brian didn’t give him an option.  He took the man’s arm and nearly drug him out of the room. Once in the hall Brian stepped away from him. It took all of Brian’s willpower not to lose his temper.  

“Mr. Kinney, I….”

“Doctor, I appreciate you coming in early for Justin this morning,” Brian said through gritted teeth, “but MY HUSBAND,” he emphasised, “was kidnapped by that loving father, telling his whole family he was dead.  He will be going to jail for that very soon. And, sir, you may not approve of our lifestyle, but that man in there is the reason I breathe every day and we just had a beautiful son join our family so, sir, tell me what is wrong with Justin.”

The doctor looked indignant but remained professional.  “I think we will be able to take care of this with a small procedure. I think….”

“I think we will get a second opinion before we let anyone cut into him again.”

“Mr. Kinney, this is nothing to mess around.  It is a simple surgery. You would be stupid to….”

“Can you suggest someone we could see for a second opinion?”

“Sir, this is not….”

“Never mind.  We will be out of your way as soon as Justin is awake.”  Brian dismissed the doctor and entered Justin’s room and got on his phone.  He texted a client who worked in the medical field. Once he had done that he called Ronni and was told Aaron was being the perfect child.  One less thing to worry about.  Justin was starting to stir when his phone rang.  It was his client that said he could go see another doctor In 30 minutes if he could get Justin over there.  


Thirty minutes later Brian was sitting with a sleepy Justin at the second doctor’s office of the day.  Brian had a thumb drive with the scans from earlier and they were waiting for the specialist to look at the results.  By the time they got called back Justin was awake and his headache had subsided.  As they sat in the office waiting for the doctor, Justin sat next to Brian and took his hand, “Brian, all this isn’t necessary.  My headache is gone.  I was just overtired and….”

“Our son deserves to have his father feel the best he can.”

“That’s not fair.  Bringing Aaron into this.” 

Brian leaned over and kissed him. “Ok, I need you.  When you aren’t feeling well, who takes care of me.” As he pulled Justin in for another kiss a middle aged woman walked in. They quickly moved apart.

“Gentlemen, sorry I interrupted but if you would like to do it again, I’m aIl for it. There is nothing I like better than to see two men in love, kissing.”

Brian smiled.  This was his kind of doctor. “So could you get the information you needed from the records we brought along?”

“I  could.  Your former doctor is definitely a jackass but he is good at his job.  However,  I think we can take care of this partial blockage with a minor procedure and then healing times.  Looking through your records I would say it is amazing you are doing as well as you are.  It is obvious your husband takes good care of you.  How long have you been married?”

“Officially we got married 16 days ago but we had our friends over this past weekend for a public celebration and we had a son born Saturday night before the wedding.”

“Well, no wonder you are reacting.  You have a new son? Pictures?”  Brian and Justin both pull out their phones.  

After she looked at multiple pictures she said, “Not to make any assumptions but, Justin, he looks just like you. What’s his name?”

“Aaron Daniel Craig Taylor-Kinney,”  Justin said.  “Is that too much?”

“That is perfect. He looks perfect.  It looks like your life has been  full of changes recently.  That could be half of your problem.  After having a head injury like yours, you are always going to be susceptible to headaches and with all of this going on…”

“See, Brian.  It will all go away when life gets into a routine.”

“Sunshine, that is not what she said.”

“Ok, guys, I need to talk details and then I have other patients waiting.  If it works for you, we can do a procedure in the office tomorrow. Then you will need a couple very quiet days.”

“And if the days aren’t quiet?” Brian asked.

“Brian, you of all people should want him to have healing time.”

Justin squeezed Brian’s hand, “Doctor, we know we are probably going to have to be in court very soon and…”

“ And we can do the procedure.  I will contact the court and let them know this is a necessary procedure and that you are unavailable until Wednesday.  I wasn’t stalking you but my husband happens to be a lawyer and he has been following your father’s case. The son of a bitch better be going away and you need to be there when it happens.”

“You can do all that?” Brian had an amazed look on his face.

“I can and I will.  Now will you do something for me?”

“Sure,  that is it?”

“Kiss again.  There is nothing hotter than two hot guys kissing.”

Justin and Brian laughed and both stood.  Brian pulled Justin into his arms and kissed him thoroughly.  Justin’s hands linked in Brian’s hair as Brian’s hands rested on Justin’s ass. When they finally separated, the doctor said, “God, I need to call my husband now.”


Justin was quiet on the way home.  The doctor had given them some literature that explained what she would be doing and showing the procedure itself was minor but then Justin would need to have nearly complete peace for at least three days. Brian pulled into the garage but before they got out of the car, Brian took Justin’s hand.  He brought it to his lips.  “You are very quiet, Sunshine.  I understand why you would be scared. You know I will be there for you every second.”

“Brian, what if something happens.  What if…..Aaron? We don’t have the paperwork we need filed in case something happens to me.  You don’t have any custodial rights? And how can I go without taking care of him for three days.  We can’t put that all on Ronni.”

“We will talk to your mom and Mel as soon as we get settled in the house.  We will see if Jenn and Molly can come out for the weekend so Ronni can have time off and I bet Mel will be able to have something for us to sign in the morning.  Nothing is going to happen to you but for your peace of mind, we will have something in place.” Brian looked over at him.  He looked pale under his tan if that was possible. “Is your headache coming back?”

“A little but I think a cup of Ronni’s tea will calm it.  I know now it is just my nerves. Let’s go in.  I need to see my son.”

Brian filled Ronni in as Justin sipped his tea and held Aaron.  “Are you sure you don’t mind being on for three days straight?”

“I have been a mother for almost 30 years.  What is three days?”

“Well, I am fairly sure Jenn and Molly will come out on Friday and stay the weekend so if you want to plan the weekend off, we will be covered plus by Sunday, if I know Sunshine, he will be ready to start normal life again.”

“I do have some friends in Pittsburgh I have been meaning to go visit. And Dani could use some company I think.  I will see about staying with her at your loft for the weekend.  But if you need me, you call.  Those angels,” she looked toward Justin and Aaron, “have found a place in my heart.”

“Yes, he has a way of doing that.” Brian’s face softened and his love for Justin was obvious. “Have you seen James today?”

“Oh, ya, he has been in and out all day.  He even fed Aaron one of his morning bottles.  Emmett has gone back to the city for the week.”

“And have you come to terms with that relationship?”

“I can see a new look on Jamie boy’s face.  I haven’t seen that look before. I don’t think …. If I tried to tell him I didn’t approve, I think I would have to expect to give up my son and I can’t do that so….I may just have two sons.”

Brian hugged her, “You're a good mom.  James is very lucky to have you. You are trying so hard.”  Brian let go of her and looked back at Justin and Aaron. “I am going to try to get him to rest.  I am guessing he will want to take the baby with him so if you want to take a couple hours off, go ahead.”  

Ronni told him when his next feeding would likely be and Brian, taking Aaron from Justin, walked both of them upstairs.  He laid Aaron in his cradle next to their bed and then he laid down with Justin on the bed. Justin immediately started undressing Brian and Brian assisted as quickly as he could.  Justin was a little frantic.  His hands and mouth seemed to be everywhere. Brian, who usually had amazing control, came three times in a short time. The last time he stayed inside Justin and held him close.  He could feel Justin’s heart raising in his chest.

“Sunshine, sweetheart, you need to calm down. Take some deep breaths.”

“Brian, I’m fine,” he took a deep breath.  “I just needed to occupy my mind for a little while.”

“Well, you occupied more than your mind. God, you are so incredible in bed.”

“Brian, you taught me everything I know.”

“You have had a natural instinct since the first night and you know it.”

“Bri, I know I have been with other men but … none of them touch me like you do.  Maybe it is because of your family that….”

“I don’t want to talk about them.”

“Brian, we need to.” He moved away enough to unlink them and turned over to face him. “I know you can’t ever forget how they treated you, but darling, it has made you the wonderful husband and father that you are.  You know what doesn’t make a family and focus on what does.” He kissed Brian so gently he wasn’t sure if their lips were actually touching or if it was just the electricity running between them.  “If something happens to me….”

“Sunshine, don’t…  the doctor said you will be fine.”

“Ok, if I get hit by a car crossing the street, I know you will take care of our sons.  You have so much love to give them. I just want you to know that I really believe that.  Now,” Justin turned away again and snuggled up against him, “I need a nap.”


The next morning, Mel met them at the hospital where the procedure will be done. She had a blanket document for them to sign.  She would write up a more detailed document for them later but for now, this would have to do.  It basically said anything Justin owned would go to his mother and sister but Aaron would be Brian’s charge.  Mel assured both of them this was legal and she would write up a more detailed document for Justin and Brian to sign later.  She also let them know that although she knew a plea agreement was decided, the case was postponed for ten days so Justin would have time to heal.  It would be on the Monday after next and by then Justin should be back to normal.  He found out that Chris Hobbs would be in court the next day although he had already been moved to a less restrictive part of the prison.

When they took Justin back Mel sat next to Brian.  “I thought you would be heading to the office.”

“I thought you might like a little company and it doesn’t sound like this will take too long,” Mel put an arm around him.   “Justin will be fine, you know.  He came back from the dead.  This isn’t going to stop him.”

“Mel, he has so much going on and so much stress.  I know he wanted to know about the court dates but, fuck, that just reminds him all this is coming up.  We have a gorgeous baby that he is scared will be left alone and, damn, he knows his mom would do anything for him but her first grandchild is also her ex husband's child. Seriously, how can she not have reservations. I was never equipped to deal with family.”

“Brian, we both know that you and I are never going to be best friends but, Brian, you are a great dad to Gus and I know you will do the same for Aaron.  Justin knows you love him and the boys.  You didn’t learn about love and family from your parents but you did learn what not to do.  I’ve told you before, you are a good father and I know you will be a good husband.” Brian turned and hugged Mel. 

“You’re right we’ll never be best friends.” He stopped for a moment before smiling at her, “Thanks, Mel, and thanks for trusting us with Gus.  It will be so good for him to get used to Aaron as a brother.  He is my son.  I will never treat him the way I was treated.”

“I know that,” Mel took his hand and they sat in silence until the doctor came back.

“Everything went as expected, Brian.  It will be about half an hour before you can go back and see him but someone will come get you and then it will be an hour or so before he is ready to go home.”

“Thank you, Dr. I ….. Thank you.” Brian turned to hug Mel and she was gone. She slipped out  as soon as she heard he was fine.  As soon as the doctor went back, Brian texted the gang and Ronni and he was just calling Jenn when she walked in the door. 

“I just saw Mel.  It went well?” Jenn hugged Brian.  She felt him holding on to her.  Her son had been broken in so many ways by her ex but this man was also broken by his parents.  She held onto him until he was ready to let go. “Brian, honey, you have a family now.  I would love to give your mother a piece of my mind.”

“She would need more than a piece.  Thank you, Jennifer.  He will be fine.  He may have a couple rough days but this should stop the bad headaches, even though he still may get a migraine once in a while.”

“I am glad you pushed him to do it. He always wants to put everyone else first but you put him first.”

“We need him healthy.  You can come this weekend?”

“Yes, Molly is very excited about helping with Aaron. I hope you know how lucky you are to have Ronni.”

“Oh, we do. I was worried she might not quite fit in but she is working on how she feels and with James and Emmett together, she has really been working to understand it and she is getting there.”

“I know it isn’t easy at first but once she gets the mind reset she will see that it is meant to be. James is who he is, just like Justin is who he is. I know I might not see her this weekend but I’ll let her know I’m here if she wants to talk and I know she and Debbie talked and even though Debbie is WAY over the top we all love her.  We know her heart is in the right place.”

“Well, Brian, I am going to leave.  I am sure two are not allowed back and he will want to see you.  Call me later and let me know how he is feeling.”

“I will, Jenn.  Thanks for stopping by.  I will let Justin know you were here and we will see you on Friday.”

“Brian, I know you know my son loves you but don’t ever doubt that Molly and I love you, too.”

“I love you, too, Jenn.”


Two hours later, Brian had Justin settled in their bed. James had carried Justin up the steps to his protests but once he was up there he thanked him for the help. By dinner time, Brian made him sit up and eat a little of the soup Ronni made.  She figured chewing would make him move his head more which might cause pain.  Once he had eaten Justin insisted on holding Aaron for a bit so Brian brought him in. He sat behind Justin helping him prop himself up and then Justin snuggled Aaron close.  

“Have you ever seen a more perfect baby...besides Gus that is.” Justin’s head dropped back on Brian’s shoulder.

“We do have beautiful children. Are you alright, Sunshine?”

“Do you really think I can be a good father to him? I mean, I can’t even hold up my own head right now.”

Brian kissed his soft hair, “You are a great father and you will just get better.  You love him and want to spend time with him.  That’s what counts.”

“Together, our boys are never going to doubt that.” Brian felt Justin’s body start to go slack and he gently helped him lay down and took Aaron from him.  He kissed Justin, “I’ll be right back.”

“Take your time,” he mumbled.

Brian walked into the kitchen and found James eating some of his mom’s soup while she finished up the dishes.  “Oh, Brian, I was hoping to grab a shower before taking over Aaron’s care.”

“Go, ahead, Ronni, Justin is sleeping and we can keep James company while he eats.” Ronnie left the kitchen while Brian sat on a stool near James.  “So, everything around the estate looking good?”

“It is.  I sent you an email just before I quit for the day with a few things I noticed and an estimate of how much it would cost to fix it.  None of it is big stuff. Since I noticed it I thought I would fix it before we have to hire to have a big project fixed.”

“I knew I hired the right man.  I’ll look at it in the morning and, if you don’t mind, I’ll give you a credit card and you can get what you need.”  James nodded as he ate. “I haven’t had a chance to talk to you since the wedding.  How are you and Emmett?”

“Thank you for the night before the wedding. When we got to the pool house and saw all the candles and the champagne. That was very kind.”

“Emmett and I have had our differences over the years but he is a good guy who deserves happiness.”

“Yes, he is kind and generous and patient. Would you mind if he moved into the guest house with me?” James hesitated, “It probably wouldn’t be right away but sometime?”

“James, that is your home and as long as you don’t start a cult out there, I don’t care what you do.”

“Brian, do you ever feel guilty because you know you are hurting Justin?”

“James, one small piece of advice.  Well, two pieces of advice. Switch places from time to time.  It will keep you aware of the pain but most of all, it will remind you of the pleasure you get or the pleasure you are giving when you top. Emmett will tell you if he is hurt beyond the pleasure. It is obvious you care about him or you wouldn’t have asked me that.”

“Do you believe in love at first sight?”

“James, I know I loved Justin the first night and I didn’t think I would ever love someone. The rest is for you to decide.” Aaron started fussing in Brian’s arms.  “I think I need to change a diaper and then get this little guy a bedtime snack. I’ll get back to you about your email.” Brian walked over to the area they set up a changing table and James went out the door.


The next several days were more of the same.  Justin sat up a little more each day but for the most part he was to stay in bed. Molly and Jenn came out giving Ronni time off and letting James and Emmett feel a little more relaxed when he came to spend the weekend.  And by the next weekend, Justin was up and moving.  He realized he hadn’t had a bad headache for a week and he was sure he would still get them from time to time but it wasn’t something he dreaded on a daily basis.  Now, if they could just get through Craig’s hearing and then Chris Hobb’s life might be able to get into a normal routine.  With Gus moving in soon, the chaos needed to come to an end so they could be a happy normal family.


Justin and Brian dressed for court.  They expected to be out of there within a couple hours and then Justin was going to try to get his driver’s license back.  He had tried while Dani was working for them but because of his headaches the doctor couldn’t sign him off.  After the surgery that was no longer an issue. 

As they entered the courthouse Mel and Jenn were waiting for them.  “Molly didn’t come?” Justin asked as he hugged his mom.

“No, I told her it was her choice but I am glad she made the decision she did.  She doesn’t need to see him be led away.” 

As Justin stepped back, cameras started flashing.  Brian and Mel scuttled Justin and Jennifer into a meeting room for privacy until they were allowed into the actual courtroom.  The district attorney popped in to let them know what to expect and then he ushered them all into the courtroom.

Craig Taylor was escorted in by a guard, still wearing his ankle monitor. He turned around and  said, “Justin, we need to…”

“All rise,” the bailiff called out and they all stood.  Craig continued to look over his shoulder at his son.  Brian moved so he would block eye contact.  The judge sat as did the gallery.

“Mr. Taylor, I plan to read the charges that you agreed to.”  Brian and Justin were aware of the agreement.  The charge of kidnapping had been dismissed so the main charge against him was fraud and forgery. He had faked Justin’s death and had a death certificate forged.  “How do you plead to these charges?”

“Guilty, your honor.”

“Now we have two victims that will speak before we go to recess and I will decide the sentence. Mrs. Jennifer Taylor will be the first to speak.”

Jennifer took her place at the podium where she could look at either Craig or the judge. She chose to look directly at Craig. “I have many things I would like to say to my ex husband but I will stick to the facts.  You took our son from me.  I grieved for him for nearly two years. Your daughter lost her sibling and her father since you made up some cock and bull story about it being too painful to see one child when you knew the other one was dead.  I know you no longer cared about me, however, not caring about your own daughter is the lowest of the low. She lost two years with her brother and then found out her father was to blame she was still willing to give you a chance but….sorry, your honor, that has nothing to do with the case.” Jennifer now turned toward the judge, “Sir, you will hear from my brave son next but what his father put him through was more than traumatic and now that it has been nearly six months he is finally getting his life back.  Please give him a sentence worth the crimes.”

As Jennifer sat down and Justin and Brian hugged her the bailiff whispered something to the judge and the judge nodded. “I was just informed there will be a third individual speaking  before the court after Justin Taylor.  I would usually have you go last but do you mind speaking next.  The last victim was held up but should be here very soon so Justin do you mind?”

“No, your honor, I don’t mind.” Justin got up and, like his mother, he faced his father.  “This all started because you couldn’t deal with the fact that I am gay.  You drove me out of the house and drove Mom and Molly out and that was alright because it was better for all of us. But then, when we all needed you the most, after I was hit in the head with a baseball bat, rather than try to give comfort you decided to make up the whole charade about my death and keep me from everyone that loves me.  For a year I was in a coma, staying in nursing homes that weren’t really set up for someone who would come out of a coma and when I started waking up, the only one that cared was someone you hired.  You would drop by once a week and tell me how my family and Brian had deserted me, that they didn’t want anything to do with me.  As my body tried to improve, my heart was chattering.  Well, Dad…” he took a deep breath, “guess what? I am still gay and now Brian and I are married and plan to raise our two sons together. I just had another surgery because of headaches I had and I couldn’t be a good father with debilitating headaches.”

“How did you get a son? Who in their right mind would let a 21 year old gay man raise a baby?”
Craig blurted out. 

“Mr. Taylor, do that again and I promise to add six months to whatever the sentence is.”  Craig sat back and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Sir,” Justin now looked at the judge, “I just hope he is locked up at least as long as he kept me locked away. Thank you, your honor.”  As Justin turned to go sit down, Dani walked through the courtroom door. Justin registered a little surprise but he covered it well as he sat down.

“And it appears our last witness has arrived. Would you like a few minutes to collect your thoughts?”

“I would, your honor.  I am sorry for my late appearance.”

“That is not a problem.  I was told the reason.  Let’s take a fifteen minute break so you can speak to the district attorney.”  The judge stood and walked out as well as Justin and his family with the district attorney.

As soon as they were back in the conference room Justin looked at Dani, “What are you doing here? I didn’t know you were on the list.”

“I called the court and explained who I was and asked to speak but then, don’t worry, Brian, but a pipe in your apartment exploded.  I got it stopped and James is over there now fixing it. I was asked to talk about your dad’s state of mind while you were in the coma. But, Justin, I think I need to say we were in a relationship and I’m afraid I might mention the baby.  I want to but I won’t if you don’t want me to.”

Justin looked over at Brian who just shrugged. “Dani, you say what you need to say.  We are strong enough to take on anything.” He hugged her.  “When do you leave?”

“Next week. I am ready to go do something with my life and I got into the master’s program starting in January.”

“That is so great.”

The DA looked at his watch, “Well, we better get back into the courtroom unless you have any questions,” he looked at Dani.

“No, I’m good. I  just want to get this over with.”


Back in the courtroom Dani stood facing Craig. “Craig you hired me on false pretenses.  You told me that Brian was a predator, that he basically drug your straight son into his loft of lust.  But as Justin woke I could tell that wasn’t true.  So, Craig, to distract me you sweet talked me. I was just out of a bad relationship and you took advantage of that. I know that was my fault.  I was an adult but you made me lie to him. I didn’t know I was lying but I was.  And then you threw me away, which by the way was the best thing that happened to me.  Your son, your kind generous son and his loving husband hired me to continue to help him.  They know what real love is and when I gave birth to the son you and I created, I willingly and eagerly gave him to them to be raised in a real family.  Aaron will never be required to do anything to be accepted. He will always be loved.”  With that Dani walked out of the courtroom, head held high.

Justin dared to look over at his father who still sat there with his mouth hanging open.

The judge called for another short break.  Craig was removed from the courtroom so the rest stayed where they were. Brian chuckled, “Did you see Craig’s face?”

“I don’t think he saw that coming,” Jennifer said softly.

“I’m sorry, Jenn, I should have known that wasn’t comfortable for you.”

“Brian, I lived with that man 20 years. I can deal with this.  And I got a beautiful grandson out of it.” Brian hugged her just as Craig came back in and sat down.  He actually looked shook and that was before his sentencing.  Justin watched him talk to his lawyer next to him and then the lawyer walked over to them.

“Mr. Taylor would like to have a few words with you.  It is totally up to you.”

“Sunshine, you don’t have to give him…”

“I want to, Brian.”  Justin stood, and walked across the aisle leaving an empty row between them. “You have something to say?”  Justin looked directly into Craig’s eyes.

“I have another son?”

“No, Dad, you don’t have any sons.  I have two.”

With that, Justin went back to sit between Brian and Jenn and Brian pulled him into his arms and kissed him.  

The judge came back in and looked at those in his court.  “I have reviewed all the records and thought about the victim statements. What Craig Taylor did to his son and the rest of his family and friends was horrible but since they took the kidnapping charge off the table, all I can charge him with is fraud and forgery.   Up until this point, Mr. Taylor also had a clean record so this is his first felony offence and the likelihood of him doing the same thing again is very unlikely but having said all that, Justin, I want you to know, if I could I would give him a much longer sentence.  Craig Taylor, stand and receive your sentence.” Craig did so. “I sentence you to three years in the state penitentiary.  You will be required to serve a minimum of 18 months. You are reprimanded to the state’s custody immediately.” The guard put handcuffs on Craig and walked him out of the room.


Brian could see how much the morning had taken out of Justin so they went to lunch where they could sit and relax for a while. They ordered their meal and then started talking about the rest of the week.  Tomorrow they would sit in a courtroom again. It would be another stressful morning.  Mel had said goodbye at the courthouse so she could go home and pack. Gus would be moving in on Saturday and Mel and Lindsay would catch a flight that night.  

“Brian, I want to go get my license and then I want to go home to my son.  Did you make an appointment for me at the DMV?”

“I did.” Their food came and they started eating.  “We have just enough time to enjoy our food and get over there.  Are you sure you want to do this today?  You look so tired.”

“Brian, I want my life to get back to normal and that is one step closer.”


They arrived at the house around 3:00 and Justin went straight to Aaron.  He snuggled the little boy close. He then walked toward the steps without saying anything to Ronni.

“Is Justin alright?” Ronni asked.

“Sorry, Ronni.  He is fine.  He is just very tired.  I think this morning took more out of him than he wants to admit.  He got two lousy years but a plus is Justin did get his license so I hope tomorrow we can look at a car for him after that court case and then, Ronni, why don’t you take Wednesday and Thursday off before Gus moves in.  We will get you a regular schedule once Gus is here and in preschool.” 

“That works for me.  It will work out, Brian.  I  know it will fall into place. Here,” she handed a bottle to Brian.  “Your son will be wanting this very soon.”

“Thanks, Ronni, what time is dinner?”

“Does 6:00  work?”

“That sounds good.  My boys upstairs will both have something to drink and then take naps before we eat.”  Ronni handed him a mug, also.  “Have Justin drink this.”

Brian kissed her cheek, “Thanks, Ronni.” 

After Aaron finished his bottle and Justin put him in his cradle. He drank the last of his cup and before he realized it, Brian took it out of his hand and set it on the nightstand.  He pinned Justin to the mattress under him and kissed him, “I love you, Justin.  You were amazing today.” He slid over and rubbed his pelvis against Justin and they both felt the others cock come awake. They both turned on their sides and were in a frenzy. They didn’t bother with taking their shirts off.  Brian managed to get Justin’s pants off and opened his own fly and without a second of hesitation, Brian entered him and, with Justin laying face down on the mattress, Brian drove in over and over.  Justin had cum twice by the time Brian exploded. He bit his lip so he didn’t shout and wake Aaron and then he collapsed onto the bed.

After they laid silently, except for getting their breathing back under control, Brian said, “I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

Justin rolled on top of him, “You could never do that.  You did manage to get me to mess up the sheets,” Justin kissed him.

“Well, I’ll help you change the sheets.”

“Let’s get them a little messier first.” Justin straddled Brian and ripped off his shirt and then unbuttoned Brian’s before bending over and dropping kisses across his chest.

“Damn, Sunshine, I can never get enough of you,” Brian lifted him just enough to reposition him over his erection and Justin sank down.

“That’s good because the feeling is mutual.”


At 6:00 pm, Brian and Justin came down for dinner.  Brian had Aaron and Justin was walking a little slower than normal.  As they got to the bottom of the steps and they walked into the kitchen.

“You did not let the boy nap.  He should have gotten some rest but instead….” Ronni stopped mid sentence.

“Ronni, sometimes other things can give you energy, too.  What can I help with.”

“Get something for us to drink.”

“Bourbon,” Brian called out as he kissed Aaron and laid him down. 

James walking in just then and Justin said, “What to drink, James?”

“I’ll have what Brian’s having.” As Justin walked over with a bit of a waddle, he looked at Brian and started laughing. “Must have been a good outcome at court today.”

“That went fine and I can promise that there was lots of cum involved this afternoon.”

At the same time Ronni and Justin said, “Brian!”  James laughed even louder.

“So, James, is Emmett coming out this weekend?” Brian sipped his bourbon.

“Yes, I wish he came out more but he has to keep his day job to pay the bills while he builds up his party business.”

“You know there is a way around that.”

“And what would that be.  Do you know a way around paying bills?” James looked at Brian.

“Well, if he moved in with you, he wouldn’t have many bills to pay, would he?”

James glanced at his mom who acted as if she didn’t hear it but Justin knew she had.  Softly he said, “Ronni, you want him happy.  I know you do.”

The four of them chatted throughout the meal and as James got up to do a final check of the night, Ronni walked to the door with him.  “Jamie boy, if you want him out here, invite him.  I want you to be happy.”

“Oh, Mom,” James picked her up and spun her around before setting her down again. “I love you, Mom.”  With that he ran out the door, pulling his phone out of his pocket as he did.

Brian cleared some of the dishes as Ronni started cleaning up in the kitchen.  Brian loaded the dishwasher in silence for a minute and then said, “Ronni, you just made your son very happy.”

“I am trying. I really am.”  She leaned against him for just a moment before she moved a step away and said, “Get out of here.  I don’t need you in the way.”

The next morning, Justin and Brian were on their way to another courtroom.  “I just wanted to stay home with Aaron this morning.  I am not looking forward to seeing Chris Hobbs again. What if I have a melt down? What if I can’t respond or control my anger?”

“Sunshine, all of those are normal responses.  Have you thought about what you will say?”

“Not exactly.  I want to hear what he has to say. He has been locked up for over two years.  If he shows remorse…”

“You are a good man, Justin Taylor.  I may not agree with what you decide but I will support you 100%.”

Brian parked the Jeep and they walked into the building.  They entered the hearing room and sat to wait.   A few minutes later Chris Hobbs was escorted in.  Justin watched him move.  He had aged far more than two years.  He looked tired and beaten, not physically but mentally. He glanced at Justin but couldn’t hold eye contact. Before he sat, everyone was asked to rise for the judge and then they sat.  

The judge read the original charges and sentence. He then made a statement about Craig being charged with fraud and forgery and that Chris would no longer be held for murder.  This hearing was to decide if he would be released or if he would leave a free man.

Chris’ parents spoke about Chris’ time in jail.  They talked about his younger siblings, and how their lives had changed because of Chris’ actions and brought up how Chris had suffered being locked up with other murderers.  His mother cried as she talked about a beating he had taken and when she saw him in the infirmary she didn’t recognise his own son.”

Chris’ attorney read a statement from the warden that Chris had been a model prisoner. He spoke about how young Chris had been when he had struck out at his classmate and then it was Chris’ turn to speak.

“Your honor, may I address Mr. Taylor?” The judge nodded. Chris took a deep breath and then began. “Justin, I want to apologize for my behavior.  I don’t expect you to forgive me but I want you to know, I am so sorry for what you have gone through in the last two years.  The injuries I gave you were beyond terrible but then you also had to suffer your father taking you away.  I am so glad to see you looking so good and I have heard of your marriage and your son.  I deserved the sentence I got.  You didn’t.” Chris began to cry softly and he sat down by his lawyer and put his head in his hands.

“Mr. Taylor, do you have anything to say to Mr. Hobbs?”

 Justin stood and walked up to the podium. “Thank you, your honor.  Chris, I have been very fortunate in the last six months.  Once Brian found me and I knew I really was loved.  What happened before doesn’t matter; I have so much to look forward to.” Justin turned to the judge, “Sir, I believe that Chris has served enough time.  If my research is correct, he has done the required amount of time for a first time offender. I know sir, you will be fair in your decision.” Justin started to move toward his seat and then he stopped. “Sir, may I shake hands with Chris?”  The judge nodded.  Justin walked over to Chris and went around the side of the table where he sat. He extended his hand and when they touched instinctively their arms went around each other. They hugged for a few moments before Justin stepped back and returned to Brian’s embrace.

“You are so amazing, Sunshine.  I love you,” he whispered.

Justin and Brian walked out after the courtroom and didn’t look back. Chris Hobbs would be a free man by morning and Justin was at peace with that.  “Let’s go buy a car, one that has room for two car seats.  


Saturday morning arrived.  Justin watched Brian walking out to the car to help carry in Gus’ belongings while Justin stood in the door with Aaron.  Lindsay and Mel took time with Gus and helped him get settled into his new room and then left him with Ronni in the backyard so they could just watch him for a few minutes. 

Lindsay was snuggling with Aaron.  “Mel, remember when Gus was this size? I am going to miss him so much!” 

“I am too, Lindz, but this kind of thing only comes around once in a lifetime. We know he will be well cared for and loved here. “

“And hopefully we can come visit while you are there”, Brian said as he wrapped his arms around Justin. 

“And we can do video calls,” Justin said.  

An hour later Mel and Lindsay were driving away while Gus waved at them. Before they got off the property another car came driving up and it turned toward the guest house.  Emmett waved as he drove past.  

Ronni took Aaron out of Justin’s arms.  “I am betting this little one is soaked through and I think both of the boys could use a snack.” She offered a hand to Gus and he took it.

Justin stepped closer to Brian who pulled him close. “I think this is the beginning of a new adventure,” Brian said.

 

Justin kissed him, “I am so glad we closed out the last chapter.  We can write the story together now.”


This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1592