Ghosts of the Past by Simply written
Summary:

stories/2421/images/Ghosts_of_the_Past_sized.jpg

 

Brian and Justin have come to the agreement that they are not boyfriends but Justin is the man he wants to wake up with more than once.   When Daphne asks Justin to join her in NYC investigating the apartment James Dean lived in, he joined her. There were rumors the place was haunted and they were getting a chance to work with a team that had a TV show. 


Brian thinks it is silly and tries to get Justin to stay and isn’t happy when Justin chooses time with Daphne over a weekend with him and two other guys he lined up.

 

I hope you enjoy this short story that moves from Pittsburgh to NYC and back again in a handful of chapters.


Categories: QAF US Characters: None
Tags: None
Genres: Angst, Magical/Supernatural
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Brian/Justin/Other
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 25751 Read: 2073 Published: Nov 27, 2020 Updated: Dec 07, 2020

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written

Chapter 1


Justin knocked on  Daphne’s door.  “Daph, open up!  I only have a few minutes before I need to go to my next class.  

The door opened up and a very animated Daphne stood in front of him.  “Justin, please tell me you don’t have any plans this weekend.  My parents don’t want me to go if someone else can’t go with me and I want to go so bad.  I have wanted to do this all my life and now is my chance but I need you to….”

“Whoa, take a breath and tell me what the hell you are talking about and I will tell you if I am busy.”

“If that isn’t a Brian Kinney comment I don’t know what is.  You aren’t going to tell me if you are busy?” she laughed and stepped out of the way so he could step in. “How would you like to go to New York City this weekend? I will pay for everything.  I just need someone to come with me.”

“Is there a concert or play you want to see?”

“Not exactly but there will be a show of sorts, I hope.”

“Um, Daphne, I don’t mind playing twenty questions but I have to be at the diner in half an hour to work and it is a 15 minute walk from here.”

“Alright, alright. You have heard me talk about my friend Callie, right?”

“Ya, she’s the tall redhead that was at the halloween party, right?”

“Yes, well her parents just moved into a new apartment.  You will never guess who used to live there,” she paused and looked at him.  Justin just raised his arm and tapped his watch.  “Ok, ok.  James Dean!  They live in the apartment James Dean lived in when he was doing a play there.”

“That’s cool. He was so gorgeous but it’s not like he is there now.” Justin commented.

“Or is he?” Daph draped her arm around his shoulders.

“What? They think the place is haunted?”

“When they bought it they were told he visited and Callie’s parents are gone this weekend.  She went home yesterday because she finished her classes but since we have a long weekend, she wants me and you to come.”

“She only wants me because I come with you.”

“Please, Justin! You might get a glimpse of James Dean and his hotness.”

“I have to go, Daph.  I will let you know.  I doubt Brian will even notice if I leave but I need to see if I can get off work.  I know I am on the calendar.  I’ll call you when I get off.”

Justin thought about his conversation with Daphne as he walked to the diner.  Brian had been annoying the last couple days.  He had been staying out until their set time most nights and was on the kick again about not being a couple and maybe he was ready for more freedom again but then when they were in bed he talked very differently.  Loving Brian Kinney was not easy but, god, it was so worth it. No man could make love like he could and although he would never admit it, he was very kind and generous.  He wondered if Brian was afraid his kindness might be noticed.  He didn’t want anyone to really get to know him inside and out.  Maybe it was time for Brian to miss him and if he didn’t miss  him maybe it was time for him to move on.

Justin arrived a few minutes early so he  got Debbie  alone for a minute. “Debbie, do you think you can find someone to take my shift Saturday? I know I said I could take that short trip even though it was my weekend off but now, Daphne invited me to go stay at James Dean’s apartment.”

“James Dean! That man used to make my heart do things… but I know he was just like my Michael.  His heart wouldn’t have skipped a beat over me even though in my day I was hot!  I could get any straight man….but I stayed faithful until I knew Michael’s father was really gone and then….well, I was a single mom.  All I did was work and take care of him.  I was a dedicated…”

“Debbie, I don’t want to interrupt but I need to get on the floor. So, you will get someone to cover for me?”

“You can go.  If you meet James Dean and everyone was wrong about him….give him my address!” She put her head back and cackled as she walked into the kitchen.

Justin rushed home and called Daphne to let her know he was going and then he got dressed to go to Babylon.  Brian was later than he usually was so he went without him.  Brian always said they weren’t married.  They didn’t have to report to each other so Justin walked out of the loft and went to Babylon.  

He had been on the dance floor about an hour when he felt him. He turned his back to the man he was dancing with and saw Brian at the top of the steps.  He felt the man behind him put an arm around his  waist and grind against him from behind and then Brian’s eyes locked on him and Brian began to descend the stairs without breaking eye contact with his Sunshine.  

Brian could always find him.  It was like he did shine brighter than anyone else.  Damn, he needed to find someone to take to the backroom.  He was getting too soft.  A good blowjob would make him remember who he was. Brian grabbed the first twinkie that batted his eyes at him.  Justin watched Brian walk to the backroom with one of the pretty little boys that were always waiting for their one shot at the great Brian Kinney.  Well, tonight that one would get his chance but he knew where Brian would be later tonight, in the loft with him but as he turned into his partners arms, he got a glimpse of Brian, barely inside the back room and the twink on his knees in front of him.

Brian leaned against the wall as he felt the pressure build inside his cock until it exploded. He immediately stepped away, zipping up his fly as he walked out onto the dance floor. He honed in on Justin who was now between two men. Four hands none of which were his were groping Sunshine. He strutted toward him.  The dancers just sensed he was there and parted for him as he walked in a direct line to Justin and the men he was with.  As Justin spun to look at the man behind him he was surprised to see Brian, whose arm wrapped tightly around his waist and pulled him in tightly against him.

“Why didn’t you wait for me tonight?” Brian said as his mouth brushed Justin’s ear.

“Was I supposed to? I didn’t know what time you’d be home.  I’m not your wife. I don’t keep track of you.”

“Touche,” Brian said as his mouth came down on Justin’s.  “You into this tonight or would you rather just go home and,” he ground himself against Justin.  “I picked up some ice cream on my way home.” Brian ran his tongue along Justin’s jaw.

“What the hell are we doing here?”

“Well, we wouldn’t be if you had waited for me.”

“Fuck you, Kinney.” Justin started walking away but with a quick jerk he was back against Brian and their lips were against each other. Once Brian grabbed his ass and pressed him tightly against his erection and all the defiance went out of him.  When Justin got enough space between them he managed to say, “Ya, let’s go to the loft.”  

They stumbled and kissed all the way to the jeep. Brian started undoing Justin’s fly but he stopped him.  “Not here.  I want to go to the loft.” He groped at Brian’s crotch and Brian quickly opened the jeep door and nearly threw him in before shutting the door behind him and then he rushed around to the driver’s seat.  Justin waited until they were on the road before he brought up the weekend. So what are you doing this weekend?”

“What do you mean you?”

“I’m going to go to New York City tomorrow.”

“Not on my credit card! You haven’t finished paying me off for the last time.  Why are you going there?”

“First of all, I remember a night in bed where we decided if I did…..well, we are even on that point but, I am going there to be a ghost hunter.”

“A ghost hunter?” Brian laughed loudly. “You don’t believe in that shit. Why are you going really?”

“Daphne asked me to come along.  She didn’t want to drive there by herself.”

“Daph is into ghost hunting?”

“She has a friend who lives in James Dean’s apartment. They say he comes to visit.”

“So you are going there for the sex?” Brian pulled up to the red light and looked at him to see his reaction.

Justin got an impish look on his face and said, “Do you think he would be interested? Do I have anything he might like?”

Brian sped through the green light and rushed into a parking spot in front of the loft.  “Sunshine,” Brian pulled Justin by the hand onto the lift.  “I have a feeling you might be able to teach him a thing or two or at least remind him what good sex is. And,” Brian pinned Justin against one of the steel beams in the loft and began tugging at Justin’s shirt, “I plan to show you a couple tricks tonight…”  It was only a matter of minutes and both men were naked and Brian leaned Justin over the end of the sofa and as he entered him he said, “Every,” thrust, “apartment,” thrust, “has,” thrust, “a sofa.” Brian stopped talking and focused on what he was  doing. He reached around and stroked Justin as he moved and soon both men groaned as they exploded simultaneously. Brian pulled Justin over and they ended up on the fur rug with a blanket over top of them both.

“You don’t really believe in this ghost crap do you?”

“I don’t think so.  I mean if someone says they are visited by their grandma that just passed away to ‘say goodbye’, I guess I can see maybe someone could feel a presence but that a place is really haunted? Maybe if it is just like a movie, where the spirit is just an imprint of the past.”

“You have actually thought about this.  It would be a nightmare if my dad came back.  I think if any of this stuff was real we all would have seen it.  Brian began to move down Justin’s body, “Are you sure you want to go away?” his mouth landed on Justin’s nipple and his tongue got the little pebble hard as a rock and then he moved down a bit further. “I thought we could go shopping tomorrow and then hit Babylon and then maybe invite some friends of mine that will be in town over for playtime.”  Brian’s tongue dipped into Justin’s belly button. “I guess I will have to entertain both of them.”

As Brian moved down to Justin’s cock he encased it with his warm mouth. Justin arched and let himself go. He pulled Justin back up and as he kissed Brian he tasted his own cum in his mouth.  After several more minutes of kissing and touching, Justin and Brian ended up in the shower and after another round of sex they ended up in bed.  Soon Brian was snoring softly.

Justin was having trouble finding sleep. Should he cancel and spend the weekend having sex with Brian and two of his friends?  Was he crazy spending the weekend ghost hunting when he didn’t even believe in that shit.  Justin slipped out of bed and took his phone with him to the living room.  He poured a Jack and sipped it as he stared out the window.  His mind went back to one of the other nights they had spent with another couple.  Sure, it was fun but it wasn’t a life memory he wanted in 10 years.  It had been a while since he had spent time with Daphne.  Now he was sure of it.  He would pack in the morning and Daphne would pick him up around 9:00 so they could be to New York City by mid afternoon.  If Brian wanted his weekend with another couple he could have it. He was going to spend time with his best friend.


Brian woke up to Justin taking care of his morning hard on.  When Justin finished, he moved back up to kiss Brian.  “Do I need to leave notes for your weekend guests,  letting them know what you like and don’t like? You can be a difficult companion.”

“Smart ass,” Brian mumbled before pulling Justin close and kissing him again.  “Do you really want to go and try to find a ghost rather than find…” Brian rubbed his pelvis against Justin’s still erect cock.  “Damn… Come in the shower with me.  I don’t have time to play but I am sure we can squeeze in a quick fuck.”

“Ever the romantic,” Justin rolled his eyes but got up and followed Brian into the shower. He needed to make love with him once more before going away.

Brian picked up a bar of soap and began to slide it down Justin’s body but almost immediately he pulled him against him for another kiss.  “You sure you want to go a weekend without sex?” Brian’s hand caressed Justin’s ass as his fingers trailed down the cleft between his cheeks and then began playing with the little bud slowly adding enough pressure to have his finger move inward.

“Who said I was going without sex….oh, god, Brian….” he sucked in a deep breath as Brian stroked his prostate, “for the weekend?”

“Well you are going with Daph.  You aren’t going to screw her again are you?”

Justin cringed, “Oh, god, NO!” Brian turned him around and as he pressed him against the glass wall, slipped his condom covered dick all the way in, in one smooth move.  It only took a couple more moves before Justin lost it but  Brian, since he had already cum once that morning continued to move in and out until Justin begged him to stop because his body was one open nerve. Brian then stopped and Justin felt Brian tremor deep inside of him.

Moments later Justin turned around and started soaping Brian down, making him tremble when his fingers trailed over Brian’s still tremering cock. “One of the guys on the investigator’s team may be fun to play with.  He is definitely cute in his own way. He might be more fun for Emmett but I don’t mind that for a change.” By now they were drying off and Brian had started shaving.  

“I really thought you would decide to stay here.”

“Why should I, Brian? It’s not like I’m your boyfriend.” Justin started to shave.

“You’re right, you aren’t.  Fuck him once for me.”  Brian finished shaving and walked out of the bathroom.

Justin tried to stop himself but he had to turn and watch Brian walk out.  He took his time in the bathroom so Brian was on his way out of the bedroom by the time Justin strode in, naked.  He saw Brian hesitate for a split second but then strode out to the kitchen.  Justin pulled on his briefs and strode out to pour a cup of coffee.

“When are you leaving?” Brian tried to ask without sounding too interested.

“Daphne will be here around 10:00.”

“When are you coming home?”

“Brian, are you missing me already?” Justin kissed his cheek and he walked to the sofa and dropped onto it but he was able to see Brian in the mirror. 

As Brian finished his coffee he looked at Justin. He then set the cup down and grabbed his jacket.  “You  going to let me know when you’ll be home?”

“I’ll be home before 3:00 am on Monday morning. He stood and walked over to Brian and kissed him lightly on the cheek but before he walked away, Brian pulled him close for a kiss that made Justin’s toes curl as Brian bent him backward but then Brian caught himself and brought Justin back up so he was standing straight up.  

“I’ll see you whenever.” Brian shrugged and walked out.  

Why did Brian have to be such an ass?  Once the apartment door was shut he threw a pillow at it.  Why did he have to fall in love with him? He was not going to let Brian Kinney get the best of him.  He was going to have a great time.  He started packing and made sure he packed plenty of condoms. He then looked at the rest of them in the drawer and soon he had collected every condom he could find in the apartment and hid them in the back of the closet in an old shoebox. He smiled as he zipped up his own overnight bag.  Serves him right.  He knew Brian would never have sex without a condom.  Maybe this would slow him down a little bit.  He had a little time so he went on the computer and pulled up Kindred Spirits.  Amy and Adam were going to lead the investigation.  He knew it wasn’t likely that it would make it to their TV show but it was going to be fun.  And, he watched Adam on the screen, if he could get a little side action, why not.  Adam was cute and he really did like his personality, in a good way.  He thought this was going to be a fun weekend.  And if he met James Dean….all the better.

Daphne arrived  and they were off.  They talked non-stop for the first two hours and then Justin got a little quiet.  “Justin, you are not going to mope over Brian all weekend, are you?”

“No, I really am excited about this weekend.”  Daphne saw him trying to look excited.

“Somehow I believe you but right now you have 10 minutes to vent about Brian and then I don’t want to hear his name again until we get home.”

“He wanted me to stay for a foursome this weekend.  I mean he didn’t care at all that I was leaving.  Ok, that isn’t true.  He tried to act like he didn’t care but I know he wanted to ask me to stay but he didn’t and I really do think this is going to be a lot of fun but just once I wish he would say, ‘stay’.    Justin went on for a couple more minutes and then he stopped.  “Thanks, Daph.  I feel better.  And I can’t promise I won’t say his name but I will do my best to forget he is going to be fucking two gorgeous men this weekend.”

“Well, if you lucky you might get to fuck a good looking, nice guy and a ghost.”

“Daphne! Sex with a ghost?”

“Well, you could do a lot worse than James Dean!  He was so cute.  You just know if he would have lived he would have been one of those super sexy older guys that still exudes sex.”

“I agree with that.  It was just in him.  He kind of reminds me of Brian that….sorry. I really will try.” Justin smiled over at Daph.

“I know you will. Why don’t you drive for a while and let me tell you what I know about tonight.”

Justin drove Daphne’s car into the city while she directed him to the apartment. Daphne directed him to a parking lot that had a spot reserved for them.  They grabbed their bags and moved toward the building.  “Wow, isn’t this a cool looking building? And to think that James Dean walked on this sidewalk!”

“Hate to burst your bubble but I saw a date in the cement back there that said 2000 so the only way he walked on it was as a ghost.”

“Shut up, Justin, don’t be mean!” She looked at him and then kissed his cheek.  “Thanks for coming along.”  

“I’m glad I came.  I think I needed a break from Brian’s attitude.  I know I’ll miss him and I really hope he misses me. He probably won’t because….. Sorry. I won’t talk about him. Look, I think that is the camera crew.” Justin pointed toward a few people pulling out several cases from a van.

“I love Amy.  Do you see Amy?”

“I’m sure this is just some of the production people that are setting up cameras and stuff.”

“On TV they always show the on screen personalities setting that up.” Daphne held the door open for a crew member.  “Are Adam and Amy here yet?”

The man looked at her, “You know what we are here for?” His partner walked up with more cases.

“Ya, I’m Daphne, Callie’s friend.  This is Justin.  She wanted some moral support here since her parents weren’t around.”

“I’m Joe.  I’m one of the cameramen/assistants. This is Jerry. He’s the strong silent type.”

“Not really, you just talk enough for both of us,” Jerry said softly but then went back into silence.

“I thought the stars always set up the cameras.  I guess that is all just for the viewers.” Justin said sceptically.

“No, actually Amy and Adam will check everything when they get here but they got delayed.  They want the place to be ready so we don’t waste any of your time.  They really do most of what you see on the show.”

“What are they like?” Daphne asked as they entered the elevator. “I think Amy is so cool and Justin wants to get into Adam’s pants.”

“Daphne!” Justin looked at her, mouth hanging over.

Joe looked him up and down, “I think that might be possible. Tonight they will just get some preliminary  information about the place so early tomorrow morning, when they are done for the night… that’s when you should make your move if you are really interested.”

Justin smiled, “Thanks for the tip!”  The doors opened and Joe and Daphne walked out together.  Justin grabbed one of the cases for Jerry and Jerry nodded at him.  “‘Preciate it.”

“No problem.”

“Joe is right about Adam.  He’s a great guy.  I had a crush on him myself for a long time.”

“And nothing happened?”

“I didn’t say that. I’m in a relationship now.  If you get a chance, take him hard and fast.  He likes it that way.”

“Thanks, Jerry. I’ll remember that.”

Justin walked into the apartment.  It was a small, comfortable room. One wall was lined with bookcases from floor to ceiling.  On one of the shelves was a picture of James Dean sitting in the exact spot  Justin was standing in.  “Holy shit, I have never… He was really gorgeous wasn’t he and I can almost feel his magnetism just looking at him in the picture.  I have only met one person who…” Justin shivered.  He swore he felt something graze his neck.

“You know someone who is that gorgeous?” Jerry asked him as he opened up one of the cases.

“I live with someone that gorgeous.  My boyfriend has the personality of a James Dean character and the ego to go with it.”  

“I think my boyfriend’s hot too even though I am sure…”  Justin held up his phone and showed Jerry a picture he had taken of Brian with just a towel wrapped around his waist, still flushed from sex.  Jerry shifted his fly a bit with his hand, “You live with that?”

“I do! That’s Brian. “ Justin sighed a bit.

“He has a bit of an ego?”

“We don’t have enough time to even graze the surface. He is an amazing man; he just doesn’t realize it yet.”

“Justin, come look at the rest of the apartment.” Daphne called.

“I’ll talk to you later, Jerry.”

“Sounds good. Coming, Daph.” Justin walked through a door that looked out of place.  He stepped through into a much larger modernized room. “This is part of the apartment?”  

“Justin, you remember Callie, right.”

“Sure,” he waved at her.

“Thanks for coming with Daphne.  This is where I grew up.  That apartment obviously used to be an individual apartment but when it came up for sale, my parents decided to buy it because it was such an iconic place.”

“Have you ever really felt anything in there?”

“Not only in there but Jimmy, that’s what I like to call him, wonders in here from time to time, too.  He usually stays there but I like to think he enjoys our company from time to time.”

The next hour, the three of them sat around talking.  At one point Justin felt a hand at the nape of his neck.  He turned around expecting to see Jerry but no one was there.  Joe called from the other room, Callie, could you come here a minute?”  Callie excused herself and left Justin and Daphne alone.

“Justin, before Callie left, I saw you jump? Getting spooked already?”

“Daphne, I don’t know if I believe it but I just felt a hand on the nape of my neck.”

“Really? You did? Was something grabbing you?”

“No, it was more of a caress.  I could feel the actual fingers stroke me softly, maybe almost sensually.”

“God, Justin!  Do you think you were just touched by the ghost of Jimmy?”

“Na, I think my imagination is getting the better of me.”  Justin’s phone buzzed in his pocket and he pulled it out. “Brian.  Not sure if I want to talk to him but I probably….”

“Hell, you want to talk to him. Answer it or he will try all night.”  Daphne walked away and as more of the crew came out of the main filming area, Justin headed back into the intimate apartment. 

“Hold on,” Justin said into the phone as he got past one of the crew.

“Don’t touch any of our equipment in there. Everything is set for tonight.” Joe said as he walked past.

“I won’t,” Justin said as he sat down on the old seat that was a cross between a sofa and bench. “Hey Brian.”

“Did I hear a guy? Are you already screwing someone?”

‘And if I was?” Justin shivered, feeling a little breeze coming from somewhere.

“I want a play by play.”

“I’m not with anyone.  That was one of the crew members telling me not to fuck with the equipment.  Did you call for a reason?”

“Just making sure you made it?”

“I made it safe and sound, Mom.” Justin shivered again and looked behind him.  He could have sworn something brushed his neck again. He was sure something was hanging off the shelves behind him but nothing.  All the sudden he heard Brian again on the phone.

“You still there?” Brian asked.

“Ya, sorry. What did I miss?”

“Me calling you an asshole calling me Mom.”

“Brian, you wouldn’t believe where I’m sitting.  You’ve seen those pictures of JD sitting in his apartment.  I am sitting in the same…” Justin was sure he saw the curtain to his left move just a bit.

“Hell, if I wanted to be ignored I’d go see my mother.”

“Brian, this place just is really kind of weird.  Three times now I have felt something touch me.”

“Wooo. I bet it’s the ghost.” Brian laughed loudly. “Maybe you’ll get lucky with a ghost tonight.” Brian was laughing so loudly he didn’t hear what Justin said.

“It would be a hell of a lot better than screwing you.” Justin shouted before hanging up. Why did  he let that man get to him every time Justin asked himself as he got up and started pacing.  He walked toward the window and stared out to the street.  As he tried to take a couple deep breaths to calm down he felt someone walk up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder but there was really no weight to the hand and then he realized he felt chilled again.  

‘What’s wrong, gorgeous?’ Justin felt the words more than heard them.  ‘He’s not worth it.’

Jerry, It was Jerry screwing with him.  He spun around but it was obvious no one was there.


Amy and Adam were looking at the camera settings when they saw a blond walk into the apartment.  “I think that is the kid that has the hots for you.” Amy smiled at Adam.  “He is really cute and I hear he is of age.”

“Amy, look at him.  Something is going on in there.  Watch the kid’s reactions. I rewinded it a bit.”

“Go back!  Do you see that? There’s a shadow that crosses to him and then when he turns the look on his face says it all.  Where is he now?” Amy started looking at monitors and saw Justin standing with the other young women. “Do you know his name?”

“Justin.” Amy gave him a look.  “Aren’t you married?”

“I may be married but I’m not dead.  That man is fine! And if I am not mistaken, he just had his first supernatural experience.”

“Let’s go talk to him.  If James Dean or whoever is here is interacting with him already, we can use him as a trigger object.”

An hour later, Justin was mic’d and waiting to be called into the apartment.  “Justin, you really were touched, weren’t you? I saw the footage.  That was crazy! What did it feel like? Should I call Brian? Do you want me to call him for you?”

“Why would I call him? He is probably in bed with his cock in one mouth and another cock in his.”

“But you were touched.  You felt a touch.”

“He talked to me.”

“He WHAT?” Daphne nearly shouted it loud enough for the crew to hear.

“Shut up.  They already are putting me out there as bait.”

“Justin, if you don’t want to do this you don’t have to.” Adam said from the doorway.  “Daphne, could we have a couple minutes?”

“Sure,” Daphne left Adam and Justin in an office they had set up as a lounge for anyone that wanted to watch monitors of the activities but right now they were the only two in the room.

“Are you alright with this? I mean, I remember my first experience.  I was in shock or fear or something for a while.  And I have never been touched like you.” Adam slipped an arm around Justin’s waist.

“Adam, have any of them really talked to you? I mean have they ever talked directly….”

“You heard a voice?”

“Well, I didn’t actually hear it but it was like I knew it in my head.”

“What did he say?”  Adam was very intrigued but was truly concerned. 

“He asked what was wrong.” Justin turned into Adam and Adam wrapped his arms around him.  If he didn’t love his husband so much he would be all over this one. 

“Justin, this is a very unusual situation.  Of course we can’t be sure it is James Dean.  I just want you to realize that we don’t know what kind of spirit you have attracted. In most cases a spirit isn’t out to hurt anyone and since they are obviously attracted to you I am not really worried but, if you ever feel threatened let us know right away.”  Adam took a step back now, looking into Justin’s eyes.

“Damn, if I wasn’t married….”

“I would never try to get together with someone who has a committed relationship.  I would kill for my boyfriend to even admit he’s my boyfriend.”

“Maybe a ghost will make him jealous.”

“It might if he believed in them.” Justin stepped back himself creating a space between them. “I will let you know if I can’t deal with it.”

Adam gave Justin a few more tips as some of the crew moved in to take their places in front of the screens and then Justin went into a room with Daphne and Callie to wait.  They had a monitor that followed Amy and Adam’s movement and it wasn’t long before someone came for Justin and he was led into the small apartment.  After a little interview time with Amy and Adam, Justin was left alone.  A camera continued to roll where he was while all the crew members went on to film in another area.  Justin was assured someone was still going to be watching him at all times from the monitor room.

Justin felt a little awkward at first.  He looked at some of the things on the shelf which he had been told had all belonged to the man himself.  In the corner of the shelf he saw something glint in the dim light of the room.  He reached back and, after a little wiggling it came loose.  He looked to see what he had found.  It was an old cigarette lighter.  It was obvious it was sterling because of the tarnish on it.  He rubbed at it and saw the initials on it.  “JD, so this was yours, Jimmy.  Hope you don’t mind being called Jimmy.” Justin spent a little time polishing it. “These people want you to feel at home here.  They know you love it here.” Justin felt the air change a bit. He looked around but didn’t see anything.  Moving to another shelf he lifted off a recorder.  Without thinking about it he brought it up to his mouth and started playing some notes.  Now, although he couldn’t see anything, he knew something was going on in this room.  “I haven’t played one of these in years.” He stretched out on the bench and put his feet up, just like James Dean had done in one of the pictures he saw, and started playing a song by ear.


“Justin, are you alright? Justin, say something to me.”  Justin’s eyes flutter open.  The apartment was now filled with light and Daphne, Callie, Amy, and Adam standing around him along with a couple crew members.

“What happened? Did I fall asleep?” he looked from person to person, very confused.

Adam dropped to a knee next to him, “You don’t remember what happened?”

“I remember stretching out here with the recorder...where’s the recorder? Did you move it?”

Adam offered a hand out to him.  “Come with us.”  Amy led the way and then Adam and Justin followed her.  They led him into the monitor room where they had been earlier and they had Justin sit down and sat next to him. 

Amy handed him a bottle of water and waited for him to take a drink. “Justin, we just saw something we have never seen before and the fact that you can’t remember it blows my mind!” She stood up and walked behind them.  “Justin, do you have any idea what time it is?”

“Well, if I had to guess, you left me in the apartment somewhere around 1:00 a.m. so I would guess it was 2:00, 2:30 at the latest.”

“Justin, first of all we were watching the whole time and if we had thought we needed to intercept we would have but, Justin, the sun is about to come up.  It is after 5:00.”

“No.  It can’t be.  I know I dozed but I wasn’t ….”

“Just watch,” Adam said as he started the video.  

Justin looked on in silence as he watched what seemed impossible.  “I thought it was a dream.  I really thought my imagination had gone into overdrive and when I felt….” Justin took a swallow of the water and then took a second.  “Did I have sex with a ghost?  Or should I say did a ghost have sex with me? I had sex with James Dean?”

“Are you sure it was him?” Adam asked.

“Wait a minute, Adam.  Justin,” she put a hand on his shoulder. “Are you alright with this? I mean you’re a young guy...even an older man might, well, feel violated, even raped.  I feel like we pushed you into doing the solo.”

“No, I could have said no and I  never felt like I was endangered.  I felt...I felt like someone cared.  I….hell, you could see I had a hard on.”

“Well, it doesn’t take much for that to happen,” Adam smiled at him.  “Would you like to go think about this.  Maybe you could record what you actually dreamed or tell Daphne and Callie all about it and they can record it. It helps to review it right away.  Then you need to get some rest. Can we meet up here at 3:00 this afternoon? Of course if you are done, we’ll understand.” Amy nodded to Adam’s comment.

 Amy spoke up, “Tonight, our friend Chip Coffey will be joining us.  He is a psychic.  We will be in touch with him and at 3:00, if you are willing, he will be here to talk to you.  We need time to process this, too! This is big!” Her excitement spilled out.

Justin wandered out of the room in a fog.  He did need to get down what he remembered, although he didn’t think he would forget it.  

“Justin, what happened? Everyone is buzzing but no one is talking.” Daphne rushed to him.

“Is Callie still around?”

“No,” Daphne took his arm. “You don’t look so good. Why don’t you go…”

“Daph, I need to tell you something.  Let’s go to our room.  They want me to record what happened in my own words.” They walked to the room they were sharing.  It was set up with two single beds and Justin got in one of the beds.  As Daphne started to get into the other one he stopped her, “Do you mind sleeping with me?”  She responded by walking over and getting in next to him, putting an arm around him.  In her other hand she had her phone and she tapped the screen.

“Tell me what happened, Justin.  I am recording.” 

Justin started by telling Daphne about just feeling something was in the apartment with him while he found first the cigarette lighter and then then about taking the recorder off the shelf and laying down.

“I started playing the thing.  You remember doing that in grade school, don’t you?”   She nodded and Justin continued.  “This is where it starts getting a little hazy.  I thought I dozed off for a few minutes but I saw the video and it was a couple hours and,” he paused, “in the video you can see the recorder moving from my hands to the shelf and then…this is where I thought it was just a dream but the video says different.  It was his ghost.  I felt him lay next to me and, Daph, my body definitely responded as he touched me.  It was a bit embarrassing but I could see my cock grow and then a mist blurred the camera lens but you could tell my pants were opened and my dick came out.  I could feel his lips but I was sure it was just a dream.” 

“Justin, did he hurt you? I mean what does it feel like when a ghost gives you a blowjob? Did he..”

“Daphne, Jimmy, and he likes being called that, Jimmy was very sweet. Even though I could see myself shiver like I was cold, I felt cared about.  He obviously was a very sensitive lover.”

“Wow, Justin do you know what you are saying?”

“I’m not really sure.  I need to sleep now and I’ll listen to that again tomorrow.” After Daph stopped the recording and she set the phone to the side, she put her other arm around him, too.”

“You sleep, Justin.  You had a wild night.”

“Oh, I should set an alarm.” He started to move but she tightened her arms around him.

“I set my alarm for noon.  Callie is planning on us for lunch at 1:00.”

“Thanks, Daphne,” he relaxed against her, “I…” and that quickly, Justin was asleep.


At noon, while Daphne was in the shower, Justin looked at his phone.  He saw Brian had texted four times and tried calling once.  The first three texts occurred while Brian was obviously drunk last night.  He had a feeling the threesome didn’t go so well.  The last text was from this morning. It said, ‘What the hell, Sunshine! Text me.’  When he listened to the message, Brian wasn’t making much sense and if he wrong, and he wasn’t, Brian missed him, even if it was just for sex.  

Justin texted Brian, ‘Hey, you were fucked up last night.  Did you need something?’  

Before he got a response Daphne came out of the bathroom in a towel.  “Shower’s all yours.”  

Justin grabbed his briefs and closed the door behind him.  Justin stepped into the steaming water and grabbed the bar of soap.  He rubbed it over his chest, arms and stomach but as he moved it onto his pelvis, he froze.  Just above his pubic hair he saw something.  He wasn’t sure what it was at first.  As he bent over for a closer look he knew what it was.  It was a light impression of teeth.  He had  a love bite from a ghost!  “Daphne!”

 Daphne opened the door just a crack. “What’s wrong?”

“Come in here!”

“Justin you are in the shower, naked.”

“It’s not like I haven’t seen it before. Get in here!”  He threw a washcloth over his cock. “Look at this!” He pointed at the spot just above the cloth.

“Holy shit, Justin.  Do you think he was trying to hurt you, like happens on a lot of these kinds of shows?”

“No, I think he got carried away while he was ….well, while he sucked my cock.” 

“Justin, you are just so irresistible. Hurry up, ten minutes until lunch.” 

As she walked out, Justin said, “Did Brian text or call?”

“Your phone hasn’t made any noise.”

As Justin rushed to rinse off, he realized his phone was on silent.  Brian may have texted him right back and he would have probably missed it. He rushed and as soon as he was done drying off pulled on his briefs and went out to the main room.  He quickly dressed and combed his hair.  Then he grabbed his phone and looked at his phone.  There were two messages. The first one said ‘call me’.  The second one said, ‘Fuck you, don’t bother’.  He listened to the message from last night.

“Damn it!” Justin said as he read it.  Before Daphne could ask what the problem was there was a knock on the door and Callie, Daph, and Jusitn were off to lunch.  While the three young people ate at a nearby deli, they filled Callie in on the details of the night before.  

Daphne did most of the talking as Callie asked questions but as soon as Callie left the table to take a phone call, Daph looked at Justin, “You are awfully quiet this morning.  Is it last night or is it Brian?”

“Maybe both. The encounter with Jimmy definitely has me on edge but I’m not scared.  He obviously wasn’t there to hurt me.  I kind of wish I had been aware it was real because it was very erotic and sensual.  But Brian, he had a really bad night.  He rarely opens up to me without me nagging him until he gives in but he needed me last night and I wasn’t there for him.”

“Justin, he can’t expect you to be on call 24/7.  He definitely isn’t there for you like that.”

“Daphne, he is a complicated man but he is always there when it really counts.”

“Is he, really?”  Daphne threw out just before Callie sat down.  Justin threw Daphne a look but didn’t say anything else.

A few minutes later they paid and walked back to the apartment.  Justin had about twenty minutes before his meeting with the show people.  He wasn’t sure why but he  found himself back in the small apartment.  He took out his phone and called Brian.  He didn’t expect him to answer.  He expected him to ignore him because he felt Justin was ignoring him. So when he heard Brian’s voice his heart skipped a beat.

“What?”

“Hey. Bri.  Sorry I missed everything.  I was actually filming for the show and didn’t have my phone on me and then when I got to my room this morning, it was on silent.”

“I told you not to bother.”

“Brian, come on.  I’m sorry.  You always say you aren’t my boyfriend so we don’t have to answer to each other.” Justin realized he said that a little harshly.  “I didn’t mean it to sound like that.  I didn’t get much sleep last night.”

“Hope you enjoyed the sex while I … Never mind.”

“Brian, it isn’t what you think.  I want to hear what happened but I have to meet with…”

“Well, don’t let me hold you up!” The phone went dead.

“Damn you, Brian Kinney.” Justin whispered and dropped onto the bench he had been on last night.  He felt the cool sensation again.  It enveloped him. He realized he felt no fear.  It actually had a comforting effect.  And from somewhere deep in his mind he heard, ‘Don’t let him upset you.  I’m here.’ With that he felt a coolness on his lips and was sure he was being kissed even though he couldn’t see anything in the lit room.  He also felt pressure on his groin but when there was noise outside the open door Justin was alone again.  “Please, come back later,” he said softly.

“Justin, if you’re ready, it is almost 3:00 and Chip is ready to talk to you.”  Jerry said as he walked into the room.

 

“I’ll be right there.  I need to use the bathroom first.” Justin stepped into the small bathroom and as he stood there relieving himself he had that feeling once more and a spot on his cheek felt cold. ‘Hurt him.”  Justin felt the words.  Did JD mean Brian hurt him or that he hurt Brian?  Justin whispered, “He’s been hurt too much.  I love him.”   Justin zipped up his fly and after washing his hands, he left the small apartment for his meeting.

 

Chapter 2 by Simply written

Chapter 2


“Hey Justin, I hope you got some sleep.” Amy greeted her as he entered the room.  “I’d like you to meet our friend and associate, Chip Coffey.” The two shook hands.  Justin instantly felt both comfortable but probed.  

“Justin, what just happened to you?” Chip asked.

“Excuse me?”

“I can feel in your energy that something… I’m sorry.  I don’t intrude on people’s thoughts very often but I am feeling a sadness that has to do with something in your life and… were you marked last night?”

Justin looked shocked, “I …. Well, I did have a fight  with my friend in Pittsburgh and yes, Jimmy did leave a mark.”

“Jimmy?” Adam looked surprised and the familiar name he used.

“That’s what he likes and…” Justin pushed the door shut and then, looking at Amy as he undid his fly.  “I don’t plan to show anything but a little skin.” Justin pushed his briefs down far enough that they could see the love bite he had been given last night.

“Holy shit!” Adam gasped.

“Why didn’t you say anything this morning?” Amy asked.

“He didn’t know until later, did you?” Chip interjected.

“You’re right. I noticed it in the shower this morning. I did tell everything I could remember to Daphne.” 

“Ya, she shared that with us a while ago.  Do you know how rare it is to connect with a spirit like you did.  It’s obvious from your recount you don’t feel violated.” Amy said as Justin redid his fly.

“I don’t know what I feel but you are right, it wasn’t a negative experience at all.  He picked up on the fact my friend and I were having a problem.”

After they covered a couple more things it was decided that at some point Chip and Justin would be in the little apartment, just the two of them.  As they all went to take a short break before they started for the night, Justin stopped Chip.

“May I talk to you just a minute?”

“Sure, Justin.” Chip rested a hand on his shoulder.  

“Jimmy whispered the words, ‘Hurt him’.  My first thought was, yes, I hurt Brian but now I wonder if Jimmy meant he would hurt Brian.  Can a ghost hurt someone? I mean he is over 300 miles away.  And maybe Jimmy was just commenting on the fact that I hurt him.”

“I will try to bring it up if he will talk to me tonight. We will try to get that answer for you.”

“Thanks, Chip.” And with that, Justin went to relax in his room for a while. He wished he could talk to Brian.  He wondered if he was still mad. He was afraid if he called him and had to leave he would be even madder but he thought he would take the chance.  He needed to talk to him and he needed Brian to listen to him.  He was about to call him when Daphne walked in.

“Justin, are you alright? I invited you to a fun adventure and you got pulled into the heat of it.”

“I’m Ok.”  His voice did not back up what he was saying.

“Have you talked to Brian?’

“Just earlier when we fought in the little apartment.”

“I thought you might have called him again.”

“I really haven’t had time and I really don’t want him to just hang up on me again or worse, not speak to me at all.”

There was a knock on the door, “Hey, Justin, you in there?”  It was Jerry’s voice.

“Ya, come in.”

“I just need you for like five or ten minutes and then you should have about an hour free.”  Justin followed him out the door.  

Daphne picked up her phone and called Brian.  He wouldn’t be out for the night yet.  “Is something wrong with Sunshine?” was how Brian answered the phone.

“Nice to talk to you, too, Brian.”

“Daphne, you don’t call me unless you are looking for Justin and since he is with you … he is with you isn’t he?”

“If you shut up and listen I can complete a sentence.”

“I liked you better when you thought I was gorgeous.” Brian said snidely.

“Brian, this has not been an easy 24 hours for Justin.  When you were leaving him messages he was having an encounter with James Dean and it really had an effect on him and then when he called you, did you listen to him at all?”

“Wait a minute. He had an encounter with James Dean? You do realize he died in 1955 right?”

“No wonder Justin didn’t want to call you!  If you care about him at all, the next time he calls you, you will shut your frickin’ mouth and listen to him.  He needs you.”

“I’m not his…”

“If you say you are not his boyfriend, I’ll come through this phone and hit you.  He doesn’t need you to be his boyfriend.  He needs you to be his friend and even though you act like a prickly bear, you have a huge heart and I know it so show him you do care.  You don’t have to believe him, even though he has teeth marks to prove it.  He has met James Dean.”

“Teeth marks, what are you talking about?”

“He’s coming back.  I have to go.”  Daphne hung up and threw her bed on the bed.

Justin strode in and laid down on the bed.  “I just talked to Callie.  I thought you would be with her.”

“I was just talking to my mom,” she lied.  “I will go find her now.  Want to come with me?”

“Ya, I may as well,” he said as he looked at his phone and there was nothing from Brian. He didn’t think he had hurt Brian this weekend.  He thought he had pissed him off because he wasn’t there waiting for him everytime he called but he really wished he’d get over his hissy fit.  He needed him now.

Justin was sitting with Daph and Callie and was told it would be about 20 minutes and he would be asked to join Chip, Amy, and Adam.  Daph nonchalantly texted Brian, ‘Call him!’ and then prayed he saw it right away.

Two minutes later Justin’s phone rang.  He looked at it and said, “I’ll be in our room.”  He headed down the hall and answered the phone, “Hello.” His voice was not as strong as he wished it would be.

“Hey, Sunshine. Are you able to actually talk?” Brian sounded a bit irritated but that was the only way he wouldn’t sound sloppy because he was worried. He didn’t believe in that crap but who bit Justin?

“I have about 15 minutes before I go to film.”

“So you are actually in this show, huh?”

“Ya, Brian I have so much I want to talk to you about.  I just ….can it wait until I get home?”

“Sure, Sunshine.”

“I’m sorry I wasn’t available when you texted last night.  Did something happen?”

“Well, I thought so but in the light of morning and without a headache it isn’t so bad.  I’ll tell you about it when you get home.  Do you know when you are coming home tomorrow?”

“It won’t be early because I think I will be up a lot tonight but maybe Daph will sleep so we can leave….” Justin’s voice cracked.  “I’m ready to come home.  I don’t care if you want to hear it or not.  I love you, Brian.  I miss you.”

“I…” Brian stopped.  “Let me know what time you’ll be home and I will be here. Oh, and Justin, whatever you are doing, be careful.”

Daphne got a text as soon as Justin hung up.  ‘Who the hell bit Justin? He’s a wreck and Sunshine usually toughens up when he feels challenged but he is a wreck.’

‘Brian, you don’t want to believe it but while he was in a room, by himself, well, the next morning he had a love bite.’

‘Where? His neck? His arms?’

‘Much lower and I’m not talking about his legs.’

‘And he had teeth marks?’

‘He still had the marks this afternoon.’

‘Get him home to me, D.  And let me know if there is something else I should know.’

‘You don’t like it but you are his safe place.  If you hurt him, I’ll hurt you.’

As Daph sent the last message she saw Jerry coming down the hall for Justin.  “He’s in the bedroom.” She offered.

Jerry knocked on the door, “Are you ready, Justin?” And with that Justin followed him down to the small apartment.

After a few instructions and a little camera time with Amy and Adam, Justin was left with Chip and the cameraman.   Chip closed his eyes. Justin knew he was playing to the camera a bit. “James, are you here? I’ve been talking to your friend, Justin.  He has enjoyed getting to know you.”

Justin felt the coolness envelope him again. “Chip, do you…”

“Yes, he is here.” For the next five minutes Chip interacted with Jimmy.  Justin ‘felt’ some of the answers but could almost feel a wall around him, blocking out some of the conversation.

Chip continued now, “Jimmy, Justin will be leaving soon.  Is there anything you want to say to him?”

Both Chip and Justin felt the word ‘hurt’ come through.  Chip went into performer mode and said what he needed to on the camera and then dismissed the cameraman. Justin began to move to the door and Chip stopped him, “Justin, I wanted a minute off camera.  James is very concerned.  He does keep saying, ‘Hurt Him’ but he won’t clarify for me.  Maybe if you talk to him the two of us can clarify what he is talking about.”

“Ok, just now I know he came around me. I feel the air cooling.” Justin closed his eyes and he swore an arm wrapped around him and then he felt the presence of some leaning into him.

“Hurt him,” Justin felt the message again.  

“Jimmy, what do you mean? Are you telling me I hurt him or do you want me to hurt him?”  Justin felt the energy around him change.

He opened his eyes and saw Chip’s reactions. He saw him nodding as he responded to what he was hearing.  In a blink of an eye, the atmosphere changed and Justin knew he was gone.  Chip sat down and motioned for Justin to come over.

“He is very powerful.  Not in the bad threatening way but he feels a strong connection with you.  His loyalty is palpable.”

“He didn’t tell me what he meant.  Did he clarify for you?”

“Justin, he is confused. He felt you were hurt by your boyfriend but he feels your emotions and he said you were worried about your boyfriend.  Does that make sense?”

“It does.  Brian can be a jerk but it is because of his parents that he is a jerk.  He learned very young he couldn’t count on anything from his family without a world of hurt attached. He has a heart that seems impenetrable but it really is very fragile.”

“James isn’t here anymore.  Spirits come and go. No, I don’t know where they go.  Justin, I think he is a bit sad you are so attached to Brian.  But James believes in  friends for life, well, past life on earth, and he only wants what is best for you.”

“Do you think he will hear me if I talk to him now?”

“I think he may have already heard you but I will leave you alone.  Amy and Adam need me at another spot in the apartment.  There is definitely at least one more spirit around here.”  With that said, Chip started toward the door but stopped.  “Justin, he is  very attached to you.  You may feel him even after you leave.” With that Chip left.

Justin walked over to the shelves and picked up the book of ‘The Little Prince’.  The second he touched it he felt the coolness but in the pit of his stomach he felt the heat of need. He felt led to lay down and as he flipped through the book he felt Jimmy next to him.  He wasn’t sure how the book got to the shelf but soon he felt his body reacting.  As the pleasure rose in his body he said, “Can I do anything for you? I want you to be…”  Justin felt himself give into the feeling as he heard, ‘Just relax’ in his head.  Justin laid there for a few more moments and then sat up.  “I’m glad I met you, Jimmy. I will miss you and won’t forget you.” Justin slipped out of the room then feeling very emotional.  It was about 3:00 a.m. when he got to the room.  He picked up his phone and saw Daphne let him know she was sleeping in Callie’s room but if he needed her he should let her know and she would be right there.

He decided to shower before crawling into bed.  As he felt the water run down his body he could almost feel hands doing the same. As he ran the bar of soap he saw there was still a faint mark where he had been bitten and once he was out of the shower and drying off he noticed , in the mirror that there was a new mark.  It was too high for him to see it without the mirror but it was definitely there. It was where his neck moved to his collarbone.  There was a red mark that obviously was made by very sensual lips. He swore he could see the lips around it.  He pulled on shorts and got into bed.  He was kind of glad he was there alone.  His brain needed time to categorize all this.  He really had no idea how he felt about it.  He was so glad he had talked to Brian and he hoped he was in a listening mood when he got home.  He needed the gentle Brian today.

Justin woke up at 9:00 when Daphne came in to get her clothes. “Oh, I am sorry.  I didn’t want to wake you up.”

“I’m good.  I had six hours which is more than I get most nights.  When can we leave?”

“Amy and Adam really want you to do a finishing interview if you would.”

“Do I have to?”

“Of course you don’t have to. They have drug you through a lot this weekend.”

“I’ll talk to them but I don’t know if I want to go on film again.”  

“I’ll let them know. Oh, and I will try to be ready at 10:00, 10:30 at the latest.”  She walked over to his bed and hugged him.

“Thanks, Daph.  I just want to get home.” 


Justin did a quick voice over for the show and hugged Amy and Adam.  Chip said, “Let me walk you out.” Once they were in the a little alcove by themselves Chip stopped.  He turned and looked at Justin.  “I think you understand but I just wanted to reinforce this, James might follow you home.”

“Do you really think that will happen?”

“I would normally say a gentle spirit like he is, he wouldn’t, but as the evening went on, and you went to bed, he connected with me and asked if you were alright more than once. If he does and you don’t like it, you can ask him to leave you alone.  He likes you.  He doesn’t want to cause you any stress, that’s obvious.  If he does follow you, ask him gently to go back to his things.  That apartment is full of his things.”  Chip patted his shoulder.  “If you ever want a job, I think you are very open to spirits.  We could use…”

“Thanks, but no thanks.  I don’t think I could do what you do.”  With that the two men went their own way.  Justin went back to find Daphne and after saying goodbye to Callie, they were on the road. 

They had been on the road for about two hours.  Daphne had been chatting but Justin had only said a few words when he was asked a question. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Justin kept bringing his hand up to his neck and he didn’t respond when she asked him about it.  At the three hour point she pulled into a rest stop and stopped the car.

“Why are we stopped?” Justin said, snapping out of his haze.

“I just needed to stretch since the conversation is so stimulating.”

“I’m sorry, Daphne.  Do you want me to drive for a while?”

They both got out of the car and met at the front.  “I am so sorry.  I just can’t focus.  I texted Brian and told him when I would be home and he responded that he was glad I would be back but… It’s like my mind just can’t forget about Jimmy.” As he said that he reached for his collarbone again.

“Justin, is there something on your neck there? You keep touching it and seem to tug your shirt up to make sure it is covered.”

Justin gently pulled the shirt collar down just a little bit and Daph gasped, “Justin, are those lip prints?”

“I think so.  I mean at first it just looked like a light hickey but as the day went on, the lip marks have become much clearer.  If he was this intriguing  as a ghost I can’t imagine what he was like when he was alive.  He feels like Brian in some ways.  He had a rough upbringing and, well, he was beautiful but he was unsure of himself in a lot of ways.”

“Ya, that does sound a lot like Brian. Let’s get on the road again.”

“Do you want me to drive?” Justin asked her.

“I don’t think so.  You just aren’t focused enough.”

“You’re probably right.”

Once they were on the Turnpike again Daphne continued, “Justin, what happened last night.  We watched some of the stuff with you and Chip but then I know you and Chip stayed and talked alone.  The cameras were on but there was no sound. What happened?”

“I needed Chip to tell me if Jimmy said anything else, especially when he said hurt him.  I needed to know if he was saying I had hurt Brian or if he wanted to hurt him.”

“How could he hurt Brian?”

“Chip said he could show up again.”

“Who could show up?” She paused and thought it through.  “You mean James Dean’s ghost could follow you home? Is he in the car with us?”

“I haven't felt him at all.  So I don’t think so. I just don’t ….. What if Brian doesn’t believe any of this.  If he doesn’t believe me, it will be so hard.  Obviously, I know Jimmy is dead but he still has a soul.  He still needs to be heard and believed and obviously, he still wants love.”

“Promise not to get mad?”

“What did you do, Daphne?”

“I just told Brian he better believe you or he had to deal with me.”

Justin had to smile at his friend’s loyalty.  “Daphne, Thank you.”

“For what?” 

“There has never been a time when I needed you that you weren’t there for me and no matter how crazy it was you never made fun of me or told me I was crazy. Well, you may have told me I was crazy but in a nice way.”

“Justin, you are easy to be friends with.  You always do the same for me. Hell, you took my virginity for me.”

“Do you ever regret that?”

“No, not really.  I would have never waited until I was married so I am glad it was my best friend who is still by my side.”

Justin got quiet again and he wasn’t sure where the time went but the next thing he knew they were in the city limits and then they were pulling up in front of the loft.  “Daph, hope you understand if I don’t say I had a great time.  It was definitely interesting but.” Justin realized Daphne was just staring at him.  “What?”

“I have been trying to get you to say anything in the last hour.  You were in some kind of transe, I swear.  I thought you were just in a deep sleep.”

“Sorry, I don’t know….”  Justin said as Daphne saw Brian coming out of the loft. He was only wearing his low slung jeans.

“It doesn’t matter.  Brian’s almost to the car.  Don’t forget your bag.  Call me if you need me.”

As Brian opened the car door Justin looked at Daphne.  “I love you, Daph.  Thanks.”

“I knew you were going to get involved with that first girl…” Brian smiled at Daphne and offered his hand to Justin. 

“Grab his bag,” Daph stated. Brian opened the back door and pulled it out.  “And Brian, don’t make me come back here tonight.”

As Daphne pulled away she saw Brian pull Justin gently against his long lean body and kiss him.  Damn, she needed to find a straight Brian Kinney.

Justin wrapped his arms tightly around Brian’s neck and the kiss went on without going any deeper.  Justin didn’t loosen his grip but dropped his head on Brian’s chest.  It wasn’t long before Brian got a little uncomfortable.  “Sunshine, let’s go inside. I’m getting cold without shoes or a shirt.”  Brian kept his arm tightly around Justin’s waist, knowing he needed that.   

Once they were in the apartment Brian led him up to the bedroom. Justin dropped onto the bed and crawled under the blankets, still not having said a word.  If Brian didn’t know better, he would think Justin was on some drug.  Brian shed his jeans and got in next to him pulling him close.

“You going to tell me what happened?”

“Can we just lay here a few minutes?”

“Sure, Sunshine, there’s no rush.”  It wasn’t long before Brian heard slow steady breathing.  He had never seen Justin act like this.  He looked at the clock.  It was getting close to dinner time so he got up and called the diner.  He heard Debbie’s voice come on the line.

“Liberty Diner, if you are hungry for buns, we have plenty.”

“Hey Debbie.”

“Brian, I haven’t seen  you in a few days.  With Justin out of town I thought you’d stop by.”

“Well, I had some things I needed to do but I was wondering if there was anyone around there that might be willing to drop off a couple meals for us.  Justin has a headache and doesn’t feel like going out and I don’t want to leave him alone because he was a little off balanced,” Brian lied.

“He must have really tied one on this weekend.  What do you want? If you offer to tip them well enough I am sure I can get one of these guys to drop off your order.”

“Tell them there is a $20 in it for them.  Just give us ….”

“Do you want burgers or something more homemade like a hot roast beef sandwich.”

“That sounds good.  Give me two of the specials. Can you throw in a couple sodas? I am out. Oh, and I can give you my credit card number to pay for it.”

“Just stop by sometime this week.  I will have the bill by the registered.”

“Thanks, Debbie.”

“Take care of that sweet Sunshine or I will come…”

“Damn, the second time in an hour I have been threatened by a woman.  I’m staying here to take care of him, aren’t I?”

“It should be there in half an hour or so. Oh, I’ll throw in a couple lemon bars, too,” and the call ended. 

“Who were you talking to?” Justin wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck from behind as he sat by the desk.

“It was the diner.  Someone is bringing us a couple of specials.  You looked like you could use something besides a burger.  “Ya, I haven’t really had much to eat in the last 24 hours.” 

Brian pulled him around and into his lap. “Are you going to tell me what happened? I want to see the bite mark.”

“I got another one last night.  It really isn’t a bite but…” Justin pulled his shirt to the side and Brian reached out and touched the spot.

“That is really …. Odd.  What would make the marks that look like lips.  Are you sure you didn’t…” 

“Brian, how would I do that to myself when I don’t even know what it really is.  It started out really like a hickey and then the lip prints darkened as the day went on.”

“Dinner will be here in a few minutes.  Tell me the whole story when it gets here?”

“Bri, what did you want to talk to me about the first night and yesterday morning when you left the message for me?”

“It wasn’t that important.”

“What was it?”


“Where the hell did you put all the condoms? My friends came over and fuck, between us we only had 6 condoms and when those were used, they left.” Brian started laughing softly.  Now that I think about it, that was a good one but I hope later tonight you will show me where you put them.  

Justin reached in his pocket and pulled out a handful of them and then began kissing him. Justin had just thrown one leg over so he was basically sitting on the arms of the chair when there was a buzz from downstairs. “Damn, whoever that is just got himself a smaller tip.”  He smiled as Justin got off the chair and walked over to the intercom, buzzing him up.  He walked over and held out his hand to Brian who handed him a $20.  

“You didn’t promise a bigger tip, did you?”

“No, I said $20.” Justin leaned over and kissed him.  “The condoms are in a shoebox in the closet.”

After a quick warm up in the microwave, Brian and Justin sat on the floor, resting against the sofa, each with a styrofoam container in their hands.  Of course, Debbie had given them extra large portions but Justin ended up eating the whole meal and then sighed.  “The lemon bars are going to have to wait,” he said.  He felt more like himself then he had all weekend.  He began gently biting Brian’s earlobe.  “You’re done eating that, aren’t you?” He took the container out of his hands and set it on the coffee table.  Justin unzipped Brian’s fly and dropped off the sofa between Brian’s legs and slowly lowered his mouth down onto his rising member.

“God, I missed you,” Brian croaked out as he started thrusting to meet Justin’s mouth.  

After Brian had climaxed and Justin swallowed, Justin stood and offered his hand, “Want to see the teeth marks?”

Brian stood and together they walked to the bedroom.  After Justin pulled out the shoebox of condoms they both stripped and laid on the bed.  Brian began at Justin’s lips and began to move downward.  He pressed his own lips and the mark on Justin’s collar bone. Brian and Justin both shivered.

“Did you just feel …. I’m not sure what I just felt,” a confused Brian looked at Justin.

“Welcome to my weekend.” 

Brian continued to move downward and soon Justin was squirming as Brian grazed down Justin’s chest and then stopped at his navel for a moment and he continued downward.  “Holy shit!” he said softly as he found the mark just above the base of Justin’s penis.  He moved a few inches away from Justin and looked him in the eye, “You know I don’t care if you fucked a guy this weekend. Did you really have to lie about all this?”

“Brian, why would I do that? I know you don’t care.  Hell, you were in bed with two men, why would you care if I was but I wasn’t.  Well, not with one that I could see.  I know it’s hard to believe but please, baby …. Shit,” Justin rubbed his rock hard cock. “Let me show you.”  Justin grabbed his phone off the nightstand and found the clip from the first night.  Brian watched the screen and saw Justin alone in the apartment and then saw him lay down with the recorder, playing a familiar song and then Brian hit the pause button.  The instrument was hanging midair above Justin.  

“Holy shit!” he hit play and watched as he saw the mist and then manipulation of Justin’s clothes.  He was so absorbed he didn’t see Justin get up, grab a robe,and walk down the steps to the living room.  Justin walked to the window and for a split second he could have sworn there was a hand on the nape of his neck again but then it was gone and he was sure he had just wished for the comfort he needed.

Brian continued watching, trying to comprehend what he was seeing.  He could tell it was a raw cut, unmanipulated for the show at this point. He turned to say something to Justin and then realized he was alone.  Brian took a deep breath and sighed.  He really screwed this up.  He had been pissed at Justin about the condoms on Friday night but on Saturday he was mad at his dad and he just needed to talk to Justin..  No wonder Justin was unsettled.  He actually did have a ghost, not any ghost but the ghost of James Dean make love to him.  He wasn’t sure why he thought love rather than sex but that was the vibe he got.  

“Sunshine, where’d you go?” he said as he got up and walked down into the living room.  He walked up behind Justin and wrapped his arms around his shoulders.  “I should have believed you.”  Brian waited for Justin to strike back.

Justin just softly said, “Yes, you should have.”

“You had a crazy weekend.”

I’m sorry I hid the condoms.  I was acting childish.  If I had gotten the text I probably would have told you where they were.  I mainly wanted to piss you off.  And I have to admit, I like it when you get jealous, and whether you admit it or not the thought of me having sex without you around ticked you off.  Don’t you know by now, unless you throw me out, I’ll always be back and sometimes I’ll be back even though you did throw me out.”

Brian brought his mouth down to Justin’s shoulder and kissed it. Then he gently turned him around and brought his mouth down to Justin’s.  As they kissed, Brian undid Justin’s robe so their skin touched.  The robe puddled on the floor by their feet and Brian pulled him close his tongue danced with Justin’s.  He then left Justin’s mouth and moved downward.  He dropped to his knees and this time, when he saw the bite mark he kissed it. Brian felt a sharp pain as if he had been hit with something for a split second but as he moved downward the pain did not repeat.  Damn, he was getting old.

As he took Justin’s cock into his mouth, Justin leaned against the window sill and closed his eyes as Brian brought him higher and higher. He began to thrust faster and faster as he grabbed Brian’s head. As he shouted and emptied into Brian’s mouth, his eyes fluttered open.  He shook his head.  What the hell had he just seen?  Brian worked his way back up and Justin was too distracted to think about the hazy image he thought he had just seen. 

Together they walked to the bedroom and this time, Brian put on a condom and then, positioning himself over Justin, with Justin’s legs over his shoulders he entered him and they made love once more. 

Later, Brian lay in Justin’s arms with his head on Justin’s chest.  “Brian, why did you call me Saturday morning? You weren’t still mad about the rubbers.  Sure you were pissed but that would have waited until I arrived today.”

“I sometimes wish you weren’t so tuned in to my feelings.” He dropped a kiss on Justin’s chest.  “I don’t know how to deal with someone who wants to know how I feel.”  He moved his hand down and realized he was tracing the bite mark with his finger.  I got a call that started out with the word, ‘Sonny boy’!”

“Oh, Brian, I’m sorry.  What did he want this time? Let me guess, could you loan me just enough to tide me over until payday? I’ll pay you back.  I keep track.”

“You know Jack well.” Brian’s voice was filled with melancolia.  I just wish once, just once….”

Justin’s arms tightened around Brian, “I wish you would just realize that nothing you have done or will do can change your parents and it isn’t your fault.”

“I just wish they could accept me for who I am.  I don’t expect them to love me or ever be concerned.  I just wish my dad would ask about my job and that my mom wouldn’t start out with ‘Brian, why do you…’”

“I hope you know the only thing I would change about you is your parents.”  Justin tilted Brian’s head up and kissed him.  “I know it is still early but, I really need to get some sleep.  I have an early class in the morning and I didn’t get much sleep this weekend.”  Justin ran his fingers through Brian’s hair.

“Sunshine, I’m glad you’re back home where you belong.”

“I love you, Brian.”  Justin kissed him once more and then gently pressed Brian’s head back down on his chest and the two fell asleep.


Brian woke up sometime later and shivered.  It must have gotten a lot colder tonight.  He grabbed the covers and tucked them around Justin and then rolled over, his back to Justin, pulled the blanket up to his chin and went back to sleep. Sometime later, Brian felt himself being pushed onto his back and then he shivered as the blankets were lifted and a trail of kisses caressed his chest and then his abdomen.  And then he felt his dick being engulfed.  He instantly became aroused but as the sensation enveloped him he was trying to figure out how Justin was giving him a blow job but his mouth felt so cool around him.  It wasn’t long before he felt himself give in to the sensation and climaxed.  He felt a cool touch on his check that felt like lips and then nothing.  Justin must have gone right back to sleep.  “You could at least replace the blankets,” Brian said as he reached down and pulled them back up.

“You say something, Bri?” Justin said, seeming to have been woken up.

“Forget it,” Brian said groggly as he got resituated with his cover and went back to sleep.


The next time Brian woke up he felt the warmth of Justin’s body pressed against him.  Brian kissed him and then reached down and stroked his ass, pulling him close. “How’d you do that last night?”

“Do what? The sex was great but it wasn’t anything new?”

“Not then. I mean in the middle of the night when you gave me the blowjob.”

“Brian, I slept straight through the night.  You put the blankets around me. I do remember that.” He kissed Brian.  “Thank you, by the way. But that was the only time I woke up at all last night.”

“I know what you are doing, Justin.  You are trying to freak me out.  How did you make your mouth so cool at the same time you had a hot cock in your mouth?”

Now, Justin sat up and peeled the blankets off Brian. Brian expected the air to be chilly but it was a pleasant temperature. Justin had an idea.  He straddled Brian after slipping a condom on and then lowered himself onto Brian’s morning hardon.  He began to move up and down slowly.  He bent over and kissed Brian as he continued to move slowly but when Brian began to thrust up to meet him he quickened the movement and soon they both arched and shuttered before Justin dropped onto Brian’s chest.  

After a few moments, Justin moved off him.  “Scrub my back?”

“Sure.  I’ll be right there.”

Justin stepped into the steaming water.  He put some shampoo in his hair and after scrubbing it, he shut his eyes as he rinsed the soap out.  As he brought his head back out of the water he felt Brian’s hand with a bar of soap sliding over his back.  Brian soaped his hands and began sliding his fingers down the valley between Justin’s cheeks, pressing his bud as he got to it.

“I wish I had time for another round but I need to be getting out of here.  Turn around and I’ll wash your back.”

“My back is fine.  I want you to wash my cock.” Brian put his hands on his hips and thrust his pelvis toward Justin.  Justin took one of the plush cloths they kept in the shower and soaped it up.  Justin quickly soaped Brian’s chest and then moved downward.  He began to rub Brian’s cock and balls with the cloth when he froze.  He bent over a bit and then rubbed the cloth over the same spot several times.  

“Um, Brian, you know how you accused me of giving you a blow job in your sleep?”

“Are you going to finally confess?”

“Brian,” Justin put a hand on his shoulder and had him bend over a bit.  “I forgot to tell you, I might have taken a new friend home with me.”

“You what?” Brian looked at him confused.

“I didn’t give you a blowjob.  Jimmy did.”

 

Chapter 3 by Simply written

Chapter 3


“Justin quit bullshitting.  Did you slip me something last night that had me sleeping so soundly that I didn’t feel you bite me?”

“Brian, are you serious? Have you totally forgotten about the video you watched last night?” 

Brian looked at Justin’s stricken face and he grabbed the glass wall of the shower.  “Christ, Justin, you brought it with you!” Just as Brian finished the comment one of the towels that was always waiting for them near the shower, flew across the room.

“I don’t think he liked being called an it.” Justin turned toward the bathroom. “Hey, Jimmy. I have to go to class.  I can’t fail.  I’m an artist.  Why don’t you come with me? You’ll enjoy it.” As Justin stepped out of the shower the room had a definite chill to it but then Justin didn’t actually hear anything but he just knew he was going to have a guest at class.  

Brian came into the bedroom as Justin zipped up his pants.  “I’m sorry.  I am just having issues dealing with this.  Until I saw the video last night I would have sworn none of this could be true and, well frankly, it is going to take me a little bit to …. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do.”

Justin walked over and kissed him.  “He’s coming with me for the day. I’ll, no we’ll be back mid afternoon and I will try to get in touch with Adam or Amy and see if they have any suggestions for us.”

“I’m supposed to meet my father for the exchange after work.  I will try to get off early and meet him at 6:00 instead of 7:00.  I’ll text you.” Brian put his arms around Justin but didn’t say anything else.

Justin stepped out of his arms after patting his face gently, “I have to go.  Come on, Jimmy.  Lots of cute men and women in these classes.”

Brian felt the air around him change and he knew he was alone. Damn, could this get any crazier? How the hell do you get rid of a ghost….or do you keep him for frequent threesomes. The man/ ghost had skills.  As Brian sat at his desk he found himself looking up James Dean on the internet.  He knew a few details but soon he was caught up in the life of Jimmy.


Justin had talked to Jimmy in his head all the way to school.  He asked him to stay close and not to interact with someone else.  As Justin began to sketch the live model he could almost feel Jimmy getting more distant.  Soon he saw the young woman modeling having a hard time staying still.  Justin was sure he saw her hair flutter and then she shivered.  In his head he yelled, ‘Jimmy, get over here. You are going to get me in trouble!’ Almost immediately, the air around him cooled and he felt the now familiar hand on the nape of his neck.

Once the class was over, Justin found a free bench in a commons area where students gathered between classes to meet up with friends or study.  Justin commented in his head,  ‘Don’t take this personally, but we need to figure out what to do with you.  We aren’t kicking you out, we just, well, we’ve never had a house ghost before’.  Justin called Daphne and told her what was going on and asked her to see if she could get a phone number for someone at Kindred Spirits.  About 15 minutes later, just before he had to go to his next class, his phone rang.  

“Hello?”

“Hey, Justin, it’s Adam. I hear you have a problem?”

“You could say that since Jimmy is with me at college right now.  I need to figure out what to do but right now I have to get to class.  Can we talk later? I’ll be free in an hour.”

“I’ll talk to you then and I will try to get a hold of Chip.  He would be able to help you the most.” With that, Justin rushed to his second class.  This class was art history but Justin was a bit distracted because now he couldn’t even feel Jimmy near him.  When class was over, Justin yelled for him in his head. He spent extra time getting his stuff packed up hoping he would feel him.  If he left him could he find his way home?  Just as he knew he had to leave, he shivered.  It felt like an ice cube had been placed on his neck.  ‘Hey, Jimmy. Just in time’.

When Justin got into the loft he texted Adam to let him know he was free now.  ‘So, Jimmy, where were you during art history?’  Justin was sure he heard snoring. ‘Ok, so it was a little boring but you got a chance to see a naked woman and if I’m not mistaken you even touched her.’ He knew you couldn’t hear a smile but he was sure he heard a smile and chuckle.

Justin’s phone sounded and he looked at it.  It said; unknown number, he answered it, “Hello?”  

“Justin, Chip here.  I hear you have a guest.”

“Am I glad to hear from you.  Jimmy has been with me all day.”

“Justin, ask him to give you some privacy.  Insist on it and I think he will do what you ask.  Remind him he is in your home.”

“Ok,” he took a deep breath.  “Jimmy, I told you are welcome here right now but I do need some privacy.  Please go into the bedroom so I can have a discussion.”

‘Ok, Sunshine,’ Justin heard in his head.

Shit, he wasn’t sure he liked him calling him that.  It made him shiver but the chill in the air was gone.  “Ok, Chip.  Thanks so much for calling me. We really don’t know what to do.  Since he showed up, does that mean he is going to stay?”

“That would be unusual.  I think he was worried about you.  Does he seem to like your boyfriend? Brian is it?”

“Well, he wasn’t sure but it is obvious he likes him.”

“Obvious?”

“Let’s just say he initiated him the same way he did me, including the bitemark.”

“Oh, this might be more difficult than I thought.  Do you feel threatened at all?

“No, Chip, not at all.  It is just awkward right now.”

“I left the country right after being with you.  I will be back in two weeks.  If you feel comfortable waiting that long, I will make you my first point of business when I get back in town.”

“Justin, make rules for him.  I think he just felt so attached to you and I really think he is going to want to go back to his apartment eventually.  He is just enjoying having someone close to his age that is treating him with respect, someone who respects him.  If you need anything before that, call Adam.  I will give him a heads up.”

“So, if I ask him you think he will accept my limits?”

“Justin, I think James will do anything for you. He thinks of you as a friend and he is loyal to all his friends.”

“Thanks, Chip.  I’ll be in touch with Adam if we need anything.”

“Well, Jimmy, looks like you are going to be spending some time with us. After Brian gets home we will need some privacy so we can discuss some limits while you visit. Do you understand? We aren’t going to throw you out, I promise.”

Justin was sure he could feel his arms around him.  

“I wish I knew how to communicate with you.” Justin had a sketchbook at his side and he saw the pencil move just a little bit.  “You want me to help you write?  I have heard of automatic writing.” With that he picked up the pad and pencil and flipped it to a clean page. Justin held the pencil to the pad and tried to relax.

‘Hello, love. Thank you for wanting to get to know me.’

Justin looked down to see if it said what he thought it did. “Of course I want to get to know you.”  He felt a little silly talking out loud to himself. “What would you like me to know?”

‘He’s beautiful, isn’t he, and very sad.’

“Oh, yes.  It makes my heart hurt sometimes. Sad and angry. He did nothing to deserve the life he had.  Just like you didn’t”

‘He loves you.’

“I don’t know if he will ever say it, but I love him and sometimes I think he loves me.”  Justin looked and saw the page was full so he turned it.  

‘You are good’ was written. ‘You didn’t hurt him.’

“I am sure I have but I try not to. You freaked him out last night.”

‘Been too long with willing men.’  

“Jimmy, I really want to get a little homework done before Brian gets home.  Can we talk later?”  Justin felt coolness stroke his cheek and then drift away. “I bet you were an amazing lover.”

Justin walked to the desk with his backpack and started the computer to do some research.  He typed in the first artist he needed to research but soon he was sound asleep with his head on the desk.


Brian had called his father and changed the meeting time to 6:00. He had stopped by the ATM and pulled as much as he could out of it.  His dad had asked for $200.  He had gotten $500.  He walked into Jack’s favorite bar and scanned the room.  He knew he might beat him.  He ordered two whiskeys and sat at the bar. His mind wandered off as he waited. He thought about the ghost that was in their place.  He had been with a ghost.  His Sunshine had been with a ghost. His Sunshine? He had no right over that beautiful boy.  He had tried to get rid of him but now, he wasn’t sure if he could live without him.  He had no right to make claims on him.  He could never make a commitment to him.

“Sonny boy!  Where the hell was your mind at? You were always a dreamer, a big dreamer.  And look where it got you.  You live in that fancy apartment with your fancy job and you wear fancy suits.”

“Dad, I only have a minute.  I bought you a drink.  I need to go.  I have a...well sort of a meeting to go to.” He laid the envelope on the bar and pushed it toward him.

“You don’t have time for your dad, huh? I know, I know….busy, busy, busy.” He picked up the envelope and stuffed it in his shirt pocket.  “You know I keep track of every….”

“Ya, right, Jack.  I’m out of here.”  He downed the last swallow of whiskey, threw a bill on the bar, and walked out without turning back.  Once Brian was in his car he yelled, “FUCK! Why do I let him get under my skin?”


Justin woke up from a deep sleep.  Had he really talked to Jimmy? Why had he fallen asleep?  He looked at the clock.  “Shit!” he had no idea he had slept that long.  He never took naps like that.  Maybe Jimmy was draining him a bit. 

He moved into the kitchen.  He had planned to make dinner for the two, or was it three, of them. He pulled out his phone to see if Brian had texted.  Just as he did, it pinged. ‘On my way.   Should I get food?’

“I’m cooking.’  Justin responded.

‘K’ was the response back.

Justin knew he wouldn’t be in a good mood. He would be either angry or sullen tonight. Depending on traffic, Brian should be home  Justin hated when he felt like this.  He started rice in 20 to 30 minutes.  Once he had the rice going, he chopped up some chicken breasts from the fridge and then grabbed a bag of frozen vegetables from the freezer. While the chicken browned he started talking to James.  “I just want to let you know, Brian will not be in a good mood when he gets home.  His father always makes him sad and when he is sad he sometimes gets mean. He would never physically hurt me but sometimes he strikes out because he knows I love him.”

In his mind he heard, ‘hurt him’.

“I don’t think you would hurt him but I get a little nervous when you say things like that.”

Justin watched as the bag of rice was lifted and spilled out on the counter in a long line and in the rice letters appeared, ‘he’s been hurt.  I was hurt.’

“Oh, it was your parent, too, wasn’t it?”

The rice smoothed out and then letters again appeared. ‘Loved Mom.’ Justin felt a coolness around him. 

“And your father?” Justin asked softly.

‘Abandoned,’ appeared. 

“I’m sorry, James.  My father is an ass, but he was a pretty good dad until he found out I was gay and he wasn’t happy when I chose a career in art. But my mom…. She is the best.  I hit gold with her.  If she stops by, and she probably will, please don’t frighten her.”

‘Never!’ the word appeared. 

Justin was sure he heard the lift.  He had added the vegetables and turned to grab some condiments out of the fridge to make a sauce but ran right into what felt like an ice wall, but just that quickly it was gone.  The door opened just as he started adding some soy sauce and hoisin sauce.  He added a shot of lemon juice and stirred it quickly before walking over to Brian.  He had gone straight to the steps and into the bedroom.  Justin walked up behind him and helped him off with his suit jacket and hung it up and then walked over to Brian again, and this time he started unbuttoning his white button down.  Once he had opened them all, he slipped his hands on the high quality cotton.  Justin dropped a kiss on his chest.  “Why don’t you change? Dinner is ready.”

“I need to shower the stink off me.” Brian always felt dirty after being with his dad. “I’ll be quick.”  He leaned down and kissed Justin. I just want a quiet night, please.”

“Of course, Brian.  I’ll go make stir fried rice.”

Brian stripped and stepped in the bathroom.  He was really out of it.  He hadn’t even noticed Justin turn on the shower on his way out.  He let his briefs fall to the floor just outside the shower door and stepped in, raising his face to the spray. Moments later his eyes flew open. He looked all around himself.  He knew he had felt a hand slide down his back and rest on the very lowest spot of his spine.  Although he felt a coolness, a calm moved over him. He quickly rinsed off and turned off the water.  He dried off and slipped into sweats and pulled on a T-shirt.  He took a deep breath and, feeling comfort around him, he walked down to the kitchen.

“Smells pretty good.” Brian said as he wrapped his arms around Justin’s waist and nuzzled his neck.  He then saw the rice all over the counter. “Get a little crazy with the rice?”

“Not me. Jimmy.  Found out he can write.”  As they watched the word ‘hi’ appeared.

“Justin, I don’t know if I’m ready for this.  Can we eat? Alone maybe?”

“Jimmy, please give us a little privacy.” With that they felt a gentle breeze move past and the air was peaceful and warm.  Justin kissed Brian, “Dinner for two is served, very informally.” Justin put all the rice in a small serving bowl and topped it with chicken and vegetables.  

Brian handed a pair of chopsticks to Justin and Justin grabbed the bowl.  They instinctively both went to the coffee table and sat next to each other on the floor.  There was little conversation but there were caresses and shared bites and when they were both full Brian laid his head in Justin’s lap and Justin stroked his cheek and hair.

“Was he horrible?”

“No, not really.  He was just  … Jack.  I don’t know why I keep thinking he will change.”

“I know, Brian.  We just always hope.  I hope my dad will understand, too, and Jimmy had the same problem.

Brian slowly unzipped Justin’s pants and after finding what he was looking for, Justin closed his eyes and tilted his head back and slid down just a bit so Brian had better access. As Brian brought him near climax, Justin felt a coolness come around him. He felt his head pressed backward as an unseen tongue worked its way between his lips. Justin exploded into Brian’s mouth who continued so suck gently.  As he did that, Jimmy continued to tantalize Justin’s mouth until his whole body could do nothing but tremble. 

Brian stopped and began to sit up but as he did he felt the temperature drop. He began to kiss Justin and then he felt James’ lips on his. Brian jumped back.  “Sunshine, this is just too weird.”

“Why? You are willing to share me with just about anyone else.” Justin pulled Brian close.  “I’m sorry.  This is all insane for me. Jimmy, it’s alright.  It freaks us out a bit but that’s not your fault.”

“Did he leave?”

“I hope not.  He’s going to be our house guest for a couple weeks.”

“A couple weeks? I thought you were going to call that tea guy.”

“Coffey.  Chip is out of town.  He’s actually out of the country but he will be here as soon as he is back from his trip.”

Brian looked around.  “Fuck, I wish I could see him. Is he here? We need to talk, you and me and then maybe him.” Brian took a breath and calmed down a little. “I supposed I pissed him off.”

“Scared him off is more like it.” Justin stood up and straightened his pants.  “Jimmy, he’s not mad.  Can you just give us a little privacy? I promise we will talk to you soon.”

“How do you know he really left? I can sort of feel it but I trust him.  He doesn’t want to cause trouble.”

Justin curled up against Brian and Brian wrapped his arms around him, needing him close tonight.  “Justin, what else did he say today.  Why is he here?”

“He likes me,” Justin looked up at him and smiled that childish smile he used from time to time.

Brian had to smile back and kissed the tip of his nose. “You really do make me feel better.” This time the kiss landed on Juitin’s lips and very quickly it deepened.  

Eventually Justin pulled away a bit.  “Don't forget where we were but we need to talk.  Jimmy originally thought you had hurt me but then he thought I had hurt you and finally just realized you had been hurt.”

“I was not hurt, I….”

“You can bull shit other people Brian Kinney but I know better and there is no shame that as a child your parents hurt you.”  Justin knew that he couldn’t push that, not tonight.  There had been a couple times where Brian let all of his feelings show but that wasn’t going to happen tonight.  “James was hurt, too.  His mother died when he was young.”

“Ya, I have done a little reading up on him the last couple days.  His dad was no better than Jack.  He was shipped off to relatives and later his dad was a lot like yours.”

“How do you figure that?” 

“Well when he was mostly grown and he spent more time with his dad again his dad gave him an ultimatum.  It was his way or no way.  That sounds like Craig if I ever heard it.”

“Ya, I guess it does.”  Now it was time for Justin to be quiet. “Well, right now we need to talk about the next two weeks. Chip said we just need to set boundaries.  He said Jimmy might just go home on his own but he has attached himself to us both because he relates.  He knows we understand him.  Well, as well as we can understand anyone.  What rules are we going to give him?”

“Is there a way he can let us know he’s around? I just don’t like the surprise.”

“I am sure we can come up with a way for that to happen.  He can’t come to school with me every day.  Today he moved in on the model.” 

“Can we tell him he has to stay here?” Brian asked sincerely.

“I don’ t know if we can make him stay here but we can tell him not to follow us. Bri, we just have to show him love while he is here but he will eventually want to go home.  He’s only a little older than me and a little younger than you.  He just wants to be ‘one of the guys’.

“Jimmy, I don’t know if you are here but I’m afraid you can’t be a normal guy.  YOU ARE A GHOST! But if you give us our space and let us know when you’re around, you can stay for now. But Jimmy, Sunshine is mine. You can join us once in a while but don’t surprise us and we do need some alone time, too.”

“So how is he going to tell us he’s around?” Justin looked at Brian and ended up kissing him instead of getting an answer.  When they separated Brian got up and took Justin’s hand, leading him toward the bedroom.  “Damn, Brian, you know I want to join you in bed but….”

“Just get in bed,” he said as he started digging through a drawer.  

Then Justin heard it.  It sounded like jingle bells. Brian turned around and held up a Christmas g string. Justin started laughing, “I want to see you in that!”

“That ain’t ever happening but I thought James might be able to make this…. As Brian stood there completely still, the g string in his hand began to jingle.  “So, James, if you are around, just bump this every so often.” 

As the bell swang in Brian’s hand, Brian jumped. “Now stop that!”

Justin had seen Brian’s crotch indent a bit and smiled, “Hey, Jimmy, careful.  You have seen that package and we don’t want it damaged.” 

Brian hung the bells on a hook and started stripping. Justin started stripping as fast as he could. Brian dove into bed and pinned Justin down as he ran a hand down his side making him squirm and almost giggle.  As Justin managed to flip him and pin Brian down on the bed they both heard the bell jingle just a bit.  Justin looked down at Brian and raised his eyebrows.

“Oh hell. James, you’re welcome to join us.”

A cool breeze moved over both of them as they were enveloped in a feeling they couldn’t explain.  As they continued to play and very soon the play turned sexual and both of them at times felt a stroke or a caress that couldn’t be contributed to the other.  As Brian entered Justin, his eyes flew open. He had the sensation of something entering him at the same time.  His strokes were strong and as he bent to kiss Justin he was enveloped by a feeling he couldn’t explain. Emotions welled up in him and he arched and cried out but as he came all he wanted to do was feel Justin’s touch, his kiss, his embrace. 

“Oh, Sunshine, I….” Brian felt James move and he laid between Justin’s legs with his head on his stomach.  In his head, Brian heard ‘You love him’ echoed in his head.  Justin pulled Brian up a little and wrapped his arm tightly around him. 

“I love you, Brian.” He kissed the top of his head.  Brian moved up and rolled off Justin taking him with him.  As Justin relaxed against Brian’s chest, Brian kissed the top of his head.  As Justin got comfortable Brian’s embraced tightened.  He opened his mouth and closed it again. He just couldn’t get the words out but in the back of his head he heard James’ voice again.  ‘You love him’. Brian looked at the blonde head.  Did he love him? What was love?


The next two weeks were interesting.  Justin had several ‘conversations’ with James.  Brian quit talking to him at all because he pushed the L word every time he had a chance.  Justin heard from Chip and he would be there on the weekend.  Two days  before Chip’s visit, Justin spent the afternoon with James.  They had found the best way to talk was using the computer.  Justin would open a blank word document and James would answer through the computer.  

“James, do you miss New York?”

‘I miss my things’.

“It is a great apartment.”

‘Will you visit me?’

“I can. You have become a good friend.”

‘He doesn’t like me’.

“I am guessing you have had some conversations with him.”

‘Yes’.

“What upset him?”

‘He loves you’.

“I know.  I wish he could say it but deep down I know.”

‘I told him not to lose you’.

“Thanks, Jimmy.  I don’t think I could live without him.”

‘You could. You are strong. Stronger than you think.’

“Do you think I should leave him?” Justin asked.

‘Leave for me?’

“Oh, Jimmy, you would be a real temptation if…”

‘If I was alive? I loved living and hated it.  It hurt too much too often. Brian hurts too much too often’.

“What can I do to help him?” Justin watched the curser blink for several moments.  Finally he saw letters appear.

‘Tired’. There was a pause ‘Just hold his heart close’.  

“I will, Jimmy. I better check what Brian wants for dinner.  He can pick something up.” Justin was fairly sure he was talking to himself.  When James got tired they didn’t see him for a while.  Justin Thought about Jimmy’s message, ‘Hold his heart’.  If he only knew what an amazing heart he had.  Justin called him, not sure if he would get him or not.

“Hey, he hasn’t just disappeared has he?”

“Brian, you will survive for two more days. What are you thinking for dinner?”

“Are you in the mood for Chinese? It’s been a while and...I’m sorry, I’m just tired of feeling like someone is watching us all the time. And he won’t shut up.  He is in my head all the time.”

“I’ll ask him to stay away tonight.  We had a long talk so he is tired.”

“So Chinese?”

“Sounds good.  Will you be home soon?”

“I should leave here in about half an hour.”

“Ok, Brian?”

“Ya?”

“I missed you today.”

Justin thought he could hear Brian smile.  “I missed you, too, Sunshine.”

Although they were eating out of cardboard boxes on the floor he just wanted tonight to be special.  He lit candles and brought saki to the table.  Then he said softly, “Jimmy, tomorrow night is your night but tonight needs to be just the two of us.   I hope you understand.”  Justin heard the bells jingle softly.  “Thank you. I will miss you, Jimmy.”

Justin put on a shirt he knew Brian liked him to wear.  As he put on just a hint of cologne he heard Jimmy’s words, ‘hold his heart’.  He loved him so much.  He just wished he could hear it. His thoughts were pulled back to the present when he heard the elevator.  When Brian walked in Justin walked up to him and took the food from him. After setting it down on the counter, he turned and then rushed back into Brian’s arms. Brian looked a little confused but pulled him into a welcome embrace.  After a long kiss Brian asked, “Are we alone?”

“Yes, we will be alone tonight but honestly, won’t you miss him?” Justin commented as Brian feasted on his neck,  “Damn you make it hard to think but I think I was hungry.”

Brian’s hand skimmed his ass and stepped back a bit.  “Ya, I could eat.  I’m planning on you to provide my dessert.” He rubbed his hand over Justin’s crotch as he stepped away.  They sat with boxes and talked about the day.  Justin let him know that James was a bit sad to leave.

“Why wouldn’t he be.  He has had more sex in the last two weeks than he had in the last 45 years.”

“Brian, that’s not what is most important.  This is the first time he has had someone that treated him, well, like a friend and not an enigma.  Most people are freaked out by him.”

“He is leaving though, right?” Justin shoved an egg roll into Brian’s mouth to stop him from talking.

Brian sucked in the whole egg roll but then turned his head and took it out of his mouth. “I  don’t mind deep throating certain things but I don’t need all these carbs this time of night. Now if it was protein.” Using chopsticks, Justin put a piece of chicken in his mouth.  Once he had chewed and swallowed it he kissed Justin.  “That was good but it wasn’t what I was thinking.” Brian leaned over and kissed him once more.  “But we have all night for the rest. I had thought about going to Babylon tonight but since I know we have the place alone I’d rather stay home. We better eat so we have enough energy.”

As they continued to eat and feed each other Justin paused and said, “One more thing about James and then I promise I won’t mention him again.”  Brian rolled his eyes as he used chopsticks to get another bite.  “I would love to know what he said to you to make you upset but I don’t need to know.  Just take time to talk to him tomorrow.  It’s his last night here and I have night class.”

“Justin, I don’t stand around talking to the air.  Ok I know he is here.  I’ve had to admit that to myself but that doesn’t mean that…’

“If you are working on your computer, he will type with you.”

“Sunshine, I have let him stay here for two weeks.  Hell, he has been in bed with us more than once.  I just don’t…”

Justin began to unzip Brian’s zipper and then slipped his hand into his fly.  “Please, Brian.” He moved close and kissed him and ended up pushing him onto the rug and then stood and began to dance as he stripped.  Brian yanked his own shirt off and then his trousers. Justin stood above his prone body and swayed giving Brian the prime view of his cock and ass.  Brian tried pulling him down but he insisted on standing.  “You haven’t promised you will be nice to JD tomorrow.  Talk to him.”  Justin kneeled bringing his dick inches away from Brian’s mouth but as Brian tried to sit up, Justin moved backward. “Well!”

“Do I really have a choice?” With that Brian lunged at him and soon they rolled across the rug as they kissed and nipped at each other and then Brian grabbed a condom and sank into Justin. Brian started out slowly.  Soon Justin was pleading for him to speed up and by the time Brian did, Justin let go. He reached up and pulled Brian close.  As their lips met, Brian exploded with one last thrust. Justin held on to him tightly.  He didn’t want him to move.  He wanted Brian to stay with him and when Brian finally moved off the top of him he took Justin with him.  Justin snuggled against him.  Brian grabbed for a blanket that was hanging off a chair in arm’s reach and pulled it over them both.

“Brian, I….” 

Brian kissed him. “Sometimes, silence is golden.”  He rolled so he was partially on top of Justin.  “What do you say we shower and, well….” Brian’s hand began to move between Justin’s ass cheeks.

“A shower is just a waste of time. I plan to get hot and sweaty several times tonight.”

“Well, then let's move this to that big, comfy bed….”  Brian didn’t have to say another word.  Justin was up and pulling Brian with him and by the time Brian walked into the bedroom, Justin was already on all fours on the bed. Brian threw his head back and laughed. “Damn, gotta love your enthusiasm.” 

“If you love my enthusiasm you must love me!” the last word came out in more of a cry of surprise as Brian entered him again.


The next morning they stood under the well deserved shower.  As Brian soaped Justin’s back he said, “I think you should skip class tonight.  We could go out and dance all night and then…”

“Brian, I am not going to skip this special class tonight.  If I did I would have to write a 10 page paper.” He turned around into Brian’s arms, “And, you and James need some finality.”

“Damn.” Brian said softly.

“If I didn’t know better I would say something about that ghost has you rattled.  Want to tell me why?”

“Wash my back.  I have to get to work.”

Justin had to smile.  It was kind of fun to see the outwardly confident Brian a bit worried about spending the evening with James. He kissed Brian and then stepped under the spray for another few minutes as Brian got out to get ready. By the time Justin got into the bedroom Brian was tying his tie.  He walked over and straightened it just a bit.  “Have a good day.” He kissed Brian and then brought his mouth to Justin’s ear.  “Just talk to him tonight.  You might learn something if you are willing to listen. I wish you had time for me to take that lovely suit off you.”

Brian growled deep in his throat, “You, young man, come straight home after class and if you are late I may have spank you.”  He pulled the towel off that Justin had wrapped around him and swatted his bare ass but then ran his long fingers over his smooth skin.  “Come home and I will make it worth your while.” They kissed once more and then Brian grabbed a mug of coffee as he walked out the door.  

As the door closed, Justin heard the bells go crazy.  “I wondered if you were here.  Let me get ready and then we can talk.  I don’t have to leave until after lunch.” Justin felt the coolness envelope him. Justin just stood there for a moment.  Whatever Jimmy was doing had every nerve ending on his body heightened. He dropped onto the bed and let James have his way with him.


Brian forced himself to return home.  He did not really want to be there. It was a little unnerving having a spirit in the house.  He hated not knowing where he was.  Maybe he would take Justin’s advice and start the computer and just get it over with.  He knew James was trying to tell him something.  He just wasn’t sure he wanted to hear it but would he regret it if he didn’t hear him out.  

Brian grabbed a bottle of Jack and a glass on his way to the computer and started it up.  He opened a document and poured a glass of whiskey.  He downed the first one and poured a second.  He decided to drink his dinner tonight.  He had let Justin know he should grab something on the way home for both of them. “Well, you have wanted to tell me something for two weeks.  I am giving you the floor. Well, I’m giving you a voice.”  He took a hard sip of the amber liquid.

‘I want a taste’.

“Help yourself.”

‘Funny guy. Most men have humor or beauty, not both.’

“You think I’m beautiful?”

‘You know you are’. JD responded directly and Brian emptied his second glass and refilled it. ‘Self doubt’.

“You are way off there. I make major decisions all day long.”

“Not in business, personal life’. Brian didn’t respond.  ‘No comment?’

“You don’t know me!” Brian said nastily.  He got up and moved away from the computer. He went to the bathroom and changed into sweats.  He decided he would run a couple miles on the treadmill.  Brian started jogging but as he turned the speed up it shut off. “What the ….”  Brian turned it back on and ran for a few minutes.  He kept looking around.  He wasn’t sure what he was looking for but he knew he was being watched from somewhere. He picked the pace up, pushing himself.  

The bells rang.  Brian ignored them.  Then the mail was pushed off the counter.  “You don’t like to be ignored.  The battle was on.  Next Brian got hit by a pillow. “That’s all you got?” Brian kept running.  He saw a glass moving across the counter.  “Don’t break anything!”  Then as Brian was running at full speed the treadmill was unplugged. Brian fell against the front of the machine and then bounced back ending up on his ass.  “Fuck you!  And Sunshine wonders why I can’t wait to get rid of you.”

Brian could feel he was being surrounded.  He felt as if he was being helped up like a small child would get assistance standing up after a spill. Brian wasn’t feeling anything sexual from him this time. It was almost what a parent would….should do.  Brian stood and walked to the shower and got in.  As he let the water run over his body he couldn’t forget the feeling of comfort he felt from a spirit he couldn’t see.  Why couldn’t his parents….  He honestly couldn’t ever remember his mom just giving him a hug because she couldn’t resist.  There were times when Jenn hugged Justin, he wanted to weep for little Brian who never knew what that was like.  Tears ran freely with no one to see him. He glanced at the clock on the bathroom wall and realized Justin would be home in about half an hour. He got out and dressed and then went for another glass of Jack.  He went to shut off the computer and saw something was written.

Brian,

I know how much pain you have and I know why you protect yourself but don’t lose out on love offered to you.  You will always be Brian Kinney and you won’t do what everyone else does.  I used to say my purpose in life does not include a hankering to charm society.  We are a lot alike that way but I wanted to find love and just didn’t have time. You may not know it yet but you have love all around you and if you lose Justin you will never be happy again. He holds your heart close and will always protect it.  Saying the word love is not a weakness.  Real love takes great strength.  Your parents didn’t have it but you do.

I am ready to go home.  I hope someone knows how to get me there. Very tired. Night. JD

Brian read it through several times. He almost hit delete but saved it before shutting down the machine.  He poured a glass of Jack for himself and then poured another glass and waited for Justin.  He knew he saw him 14 hours ago but all of the sudden he needed to see him. He had texted he was on his way and had stopped at a deli for sandwiches and chips.  Brian looked around. Justin would be lighting candles but that wasn’t him.  Would Justin want him to do that?  His thinking time ended when the door to the loft began to open.

“Hey, how was your night with Jimmy?” Justin said as he walked in, dropping his book bag on the desk and brought the bag from the deli over to the counter where Brian was standing. He started to open the cupboard to pull out plates but Brian stopped him. “You don’t want…”

Justin's words were cut off by Brian’s lips.  Brian placed a hand on either side of his face and he slowly and sensually kissed him, gently prying his lips apart with his tongue and then savoring the taste and texture of the inside of his mouth.  Justin shivered and stepped into him. Brian’s hands left his cheeks and his arms wrapped around Justin’s waist. 

Eventually both men were breathless and Justin was fumbling at Brian’s zipper.  Soon Justin was leaning over the counter as Brian entered him and then Brian pulled Justin up so he was tight against his chest and Brian’s arms wrapped tight around his shoulder.  “Justin, I lo….missed you.” Together they crested and climaxed. 

Justin turned  his head so he could see Brian.  He smiled at him, “I love you, too.” Brian moved back and turned Justin for one more kiss.  

“That’s one way to work up an appetite.” Brian said as he grabbed the drinks off the counter and the bag.  “Now you can grab the plates.”

They sat on the sofa and ate turkey pastrami and sour dill pickle spears along with homemade chips they made at the deli. “So, where’s Jimmy?”

“He wore himself out tormenting me!” 

“James does not torment..”

“Justin, he threw things at me and he came very close to really hurting me.  I was running on the treadmill and he cut it off.  I ended up on my ass.”

“Did he kiss it for you or did he leave that for me?” he kissed Brian playfully on the shoulder.  “What made him so angry?”

“Well, he wasn’t really angry at me.  He was angry I was ignoring him.”

“Ignoring him, or not listening to him?”

“Isn’t that the same thing?”

“Did you make up before he got tired?”

“He made his point clear and I heard him.”

“Did your conversation have anything to do with your greeting this evening?” Justin draped himself over Brian. He kissed his cheek.

“Well, he made some good points.” Brian began to tug on Justin’s shirt.  “What time is this Chip guy coming?”

“He will let us know but it will be late morning or early afternoon.”

“Well, let’s put the leftover sandwiches in the fridge and then let's go to bed.” 

Brian and Justin got ready for bed and as they lay side by side and Brian pulled Justin close to him, he looked at the ceiling and said, “If you want to join us…”  but there was no response.

“That was sweet, Brian, but it looks like it is just the two of us tonight,” with that, Justin rolled on his back pulling Brian with him. “Make love to me, Brian.”

“My pleasure, Sunshine.”


                                                                                                                         


Chapter 4 by Simply written

Chapter 4


Justin lay in bed before Brian woke up. He started thinking about Jimmy.  Jimmy had talked to him in his mind from time to time but he hadn’t talked to him without words very often so he wasn’t sure if Jimmy could hear him or not but he hoped he could.  Jimmy, I don’t know if you can hear me.  I don’t know what happened last night with you and Brian but he seems different.

Justin heard the bells ring softly.

Good, you are listening.  I just didn’t want you to leave without letting you know I am going to miss you.  It is time for you to go back where you belong and I hope Chip can help you figure out where that is.  Do you want to stay at your apartment?  I think there is a place beyond.  Would you like to go there?

Justin tried to hear Jimmy and then was sure he heard ‘my apartment’.  

I think you are welcome there.  Callie’s family welcomes you as long as you don’t start throwing things at them like you did Brian.  Justin smiled at the thought of Jimmy turning off the treadmill.  I’m glad he didn’t bruise that beautiful ass.

‘Needed to listen.  He’s a good man. Loves you.’

I know that, Justin thought.  He almost said it twice last night so I don’t know what you said but it hit home for him. He seemed a little different last night.  Thank you for that.

Justin laid there trying to listen for anything more.  Eventually he knew Jimmy was gone again. He moved a bit and then long, strong arms pulled him close and Justin let thoughts of Jimmy drift off as Brian started seducing him.  Justin tried to act like he was asleep but within seconds he couldn’t resist Brian’s attention.


Chip contacted Justin that he and his assistant would arrive around 11:30.  Justin felt the need to pick up a bit.  He noticed the pillow in the corner and realized that might be the one James had aimed at Brian. Justin tossed it at Brian as he came from the bedroom. Brian rushed him and they ended up running around the treadmill a few times before Justin let himself get caught.  He wasn’t sure when Brian had looked so relaxed.  Damn, he wished he knew what he talked about with Jimmy last night. Whatever it was it seemed to lighten Brian’s psyche somehow. 

By the time Chip arrived, the apartment was picked up and Brian had returned with lunch for the three of them.  Chip’s assistant had plans so it was just the three of them. There were no cameras or crew. As they ate, Justin explained how they learned to interact with James.  He hinted to the sexual nature of the interaction in the last two weeks but how, as the time went on, the relationship grew.          

“You know,  I am very envious.  I have met my share of spirits, both gentle and vicious but I have never had a real relationship with one.  He really has taken to you. Are you worried he won’t leave?”

“No, he’s ready to go back. He told me he missed his apartment although he asked if I would visit.” Justin had a pang of sadness cross his face.  Brian, sitting next to him, put an arm around his shoulders.

“I can see why he enjoyed his stay here.  He probably enjoyed watching the two of you so in love.”  As Chip said it, Brian removed his arm and put space between them.

“Hell, he didn’t only watch.”

Chips eyes opened wide. “I have to admit, I am curious what happens with that. I mean he didn’t take a physical form, did he?”

“No, we could just feel his presence come around us. He definitely showed up but if we asked him to leave he would.” Justin wanted Chip to know Jimmy had been a pleasant houseguest.

“How did you know when he was around?”

“Hey James, are you here?” Justin said into the air.   There was a soft jingle from the bedroom.  “The bell was Brian’s idea.  He was a little uncomfortable at first.”

“At first? He is nosy and likes to annoy…” Brian stopped.  “I guess he really was just lonely.” Justin leaned over and kissed Brian’s cheek.

“He is sad to leave.  As soon as I arrived, I knew he was near but he didn’t come forward until we started talking about him.  If he is ready to leave, this will not take long.  Back to knowing he was around  It sounds like you communicated more with him.”

Justin explained about the automatic writing and how that seemed to really tire him out quickly but then he started using the computer.  He could talk longer that way.

“Do you know how astounding that is?” Chip was enthralled at the events.  He got quiet for a moment before continuing.  “James is very thankful he met you.  He said you treated me like a friend, Justin.  He loves you for that and Brian,” he paused again. “I’m not sure… he is saying you understand each other.”

“Well, he thinks he knows me.” Brian felt the air move around him and looked around to make sure there wasn’t a pillow coming his way.

“James says he knows your heart.”

“Well, he doesn’t!” Brian snapped.

Justin reached for Brian’s hand.  “I think that is something they will have to agree to disagree about.

“James says he is ready to go.” As Chip said it, Justin felt engulfed in the coolness he had become familiar with.  As he felt a comfort from inside, he heard ‘check computer’ in his head.  Justin teared up as he felt James move away and then he saw the look on Brian’s face change.

Brian felt him enter and was instantly overwhelmed by a feeling of despair and then he heard. ‘You aren’t alone like I am. You don’t want to be like me.’ And then he felt totally alone for a moment.  Justin saw the look on his face and instinctively hugged Brian.  That only lasted for a moment before Brian stood up and rushed away into the bedroom and out of sight.

Chip was the first to speak.  “Justin, I am going to guide James back.  He has already moved a distance away.”

“He will be alright, won’t he?” Justin asked, worried about his new friend.

“Yes, he is going back to his safe place. He said he didn’t want to move on.”

“I asked him that, too.  I thought he didn’t know how but he just doesn’t want to.  He wants to stay where he knows what to expect.”

“You understand him well. I think my work is done here.  He is gone and I am sure he made his way back to his apartment.  If you ever want to do another ghost hunt…”

“Thanks, Chip, but I don’t think I could do that again.”

“I can tell you this is not the normal experience.  You are obviously sensitive to spirits.  I am sure I could teach you to…”

“Thanks, but no thanks.”

Chip’s assistant arrived and Justin walked him to the door, “Is Brian going to be Ok?” 

Justin glanced over his shoulder to the bedroom and then back to Chip.  “Ya, it may take him a bit but he doesn’t let anything stay with him.  He’s a survivor.

The men hugged at the door and as the lift went down, Justin locked the door.  He looked toward the bedroom. He took a deep breath and moved toward the steps.  As he moved into the bedroom he saw Brian was changing.  

“Are you going somewhere?” Justin slipped his arms around his waist from behind.

“Ya, I need to go into work.  I will try to be home by 8:00 or so and then we can go to Babylon.  I feel like dancing and fucking all night.”  He moved out of Justin’s arms.  “I’ll see you later.”  He gave Justin a quick kiss and he was gone.

 Justin watched him go.  He knew there would be some reaction but he was unsure what it would be partly because he had no idea what James had said to Brian.  From Brian’s reaction, whatever he said had hit him hard and had to be true.  If it was untrue, Brian would have been mad and he would have retaliated.  Instead, Brian was running from something that must be true or had truth to it.  Why did he have to make everything so difficult?”

Justin called Daphne and asked if she wanted to come over for a while.  She had stopped by a couple times while JD was around but he hadn’t done anything when she was around.  Now that he was gone and Brian had fled, he needed to talk to someone.  She said she would be there in an hour or so.  

By the time Daphne arrived, Justin was more worked up.  He hated it when his mind ran wild and that was exactly what was happening. Justin hugged her and didn’t want to let go. “Justin, what is it? Why are you upset?”

“I don’t know what Jimmy said to Brian but it has him really worked up and I have this feeling that if he said the wrong thing, Brian may just tell me to go.  I know Jimmy believed we belonged together and you know how Bri feels about commitment.”

“I thought you were sure he loved you even though he hadn’t said the words.”

“I am but that doesn’t mean he realizes it or will admit it.” Justin paced back and forth.  “And now tonight he wants to go to Babylon to drink and fuck.  I really thought we were kind of past that.  I mean we go there and dance and hang out from time to time but it is rare if we go to the back room and if we do, we do it together.  I think he is thinking differently tonight. He wants to have a night like he used to.”

“Justin, if he really loves you he will realize that isn’t what he wants.”

“I know that but if he feels like Jimmy is trying to force him to do something…”

“James Dean is gone.  Brian should realize he can’t make him do anything.”

They went back and for about half an hour but eventually Daphne had Justin calmed down a bit and assured him if he needed to get away for a time, he was always welcome at her apartment.”

Daphne left the loft at 7:00 so Justin could get ready and then rushed to Kinnetik hoping to catch Brian before he left.  

Brian had fled to the office.  He needed time to think.  He couldn’t stop running James’ words through his mind.  He had reminded Brian that being alone and lonely was no way to live, or die.  Why couldn’t he face love? He rarely feared what was to come but was he sure he wanted to do life alone?

All of the sudden he realized someone was knocking on the back door near his office.  He had texted Michael a couple hours ago but he hadn’t responded. Maybe he had stopped by instead of texting or calling. Brian pushed the door open and was surprised when Daphne pushed her way in.

“Let me guess.  He is worried about me so he sent you over.”

“Hell no! He would never send me here.  He would rather worry himself sick.”

“Mind your own fuckin’ business.  If it wasn’t for you, none of this would have happened because Sunshine wouldn't have brought a spirit home.” Brian verbally struck out at her.

“What did he say to you, Brian? What made you so scared?”

‘Scared? I’m not not scared.  I was just tired of having a know it all ghost try to tell me what I am thinking and feeling.  I want to go out and celebrate tonight. We got rid of him.”

“Why are you so hostile, Brian? Did Jimmy tell you the truth about something you don’t want to face?  I sometimes wonder why Justin stays with you.  He could have so many guys and they would be able to show him love. You know you love him, you asshole.  Do you really want to be alone?”

“I wouldn’t be alone.  I can always get someone willing to fuck.”

“Brian,” Daph took a deep breath and softened her tone, “Do you really want to make him go? I can’t imagine my life without that amazing man. Can you?” She started to reach for his arm but she saw him step back. “Sometimes love, real love. Only comes around once.”  Daphne started toward the door. She stopped and looked at him, “Please don’t tell him I stopped by.  If he is mad at me I don’t know who he would turn to.” She then stepped out into the alley and she was gone.

Brian sank into his chair.  He didn’t need any of this.  Brian Kinney didn’t need anybody.  He had his business with made him plenty of money and he could always find a warm body to fuck. As he got ready to go he started to turn off the lights in the office, he looked around.  For the first time he wondered if that really was enough. And even if it was enough, didn’t he want all there was?

By the time Brian arrived at the loft, Justin had calmed down.  After Daphne had left he had felt better.  He was ready for the evening.  He had dressed in a new shirt he had been saving for a special occasion and the jeans he was wearing made it nearly impossible to sit down. He kind of hoped Brian would decide to stay home. 

As the loft door opened, Justin walked away from the door so Brian got a look at his favorite view.   Justin heard a low growl from Brian, “Damn, what the hell are you trying to do to me?”

Justin acted as if he had not planned anything.  “Oh, hey Brian.  I just thought I would wear these tonight.  I thought you enjoyed them.”

Brian walked over and yanked Justin against him and kissed him powerfully.  Justin’s body melted against him but it only lasted for a minute.  Brian stepped back and stated, “I will hurry up so we can get out of here. Can you pour me a Jack?” Brian sprang up the steps.  By the time Justin brought the drink to him, Brian had pulled on a pair of jeans and was digging through the closet for the right shirt.  Justin handed him the drink and then started looking himself.  He found his favorite shirt and he pulled it out.  

“How about this one?”  Justin said as he held it up to Brian.

“Oh, ya, I kind of forgot about that one.”

Justin helped him slip it on, kissing Brian’s shoulders and back as he helped put the shirt into place.  He then moved around to the front and started buttoning it up. He got distracted and dropped several kisses on his chest. Brian bent down and kissed him thoroughly.  

“Later, Sunshine.  We will definitely continue this later but right now let’s go mingle.”  Brian didn’t notice Justin’s shoulder’s slump.  “Damn but you look good enough to eat.  I am sure you will have many opportunities to make that happen this evening.  Just leave this,” he ran his hand over Justin’s ass, “for me.”

Justin smiled up at him and kissed the tip of his nose but when he turned away he let his true feelings show.  Would Brian ever realize other men weren’t going to fill that empty part of his soul. Brian’s arm went around Justin’s waist and they were out the door.


Babylon was packed and Brian and Justin took a spot in the center of the dance floor.  When there was a brief break in the music.  Brian made eye contact with another dancer and the floor and as the music started again, Brian whispered, “Time for the back room. Come on.”

“Go ahead, Bri, I’m going to go get a drink.  I think I saw Emmett by the bar.” Justin walked away as Brian watched him walk.  

Brian jogged and caught up with him.  “Hey, you Ok? What’s…”

“Brian,  you came here tonight to go to the back room so don’t let me stop you.  Go enjoy yourself.  If we lose track of each other I will see you at the loft later.”  Justin tried to keep his tone light as he turned and walked toward the bar.  Brian turned and moved toward the back room.

Justin’s face said it all when he got to Emmett, who had already ordered him a drink.  “What did he do this time?”

“He honestly didn’t do anything.  He is Brian and he will always be Brian and that’s the man I love.  I either need to accept him for who he is or live a life of heartbreak so….he can go to the backroom.  I’m going home, and when he gets there, we can shower and I will gladly make love with him.”

“Can you live with that, Sunshine?”

“Yes, because I need him and he never lies to me.”

Emmett hugged him for several moments.  “I actually understand that now.  You know I am not always a Brian fan but you two belong together.  He doesn’t deserve you but you belong with him.”

“Thanks, Em. If he asks if you’ve seen me, tell him I went home with a headache.” He took a step and turned back, “Oh, and Em, tell him I am taking something for it so I will be fine when he gets home.”

“I will, Justin.” Emmett watched him walk and ached for him a bit but he really did feel like they belonged together whether Kinney ever woke up or not.


Brian stopped short of the back room.  He turned and saw Justin talking to Em so when the man he had made eye contact with walked up, he moved to the back with him.  As the young man kissed Brian’s neck and Brian pushed him downward but as he stood there with the beautiful young man sucking his dick he found himself looking toward the door.  He really was hoping Justin would come back here. He was unsettled and Sunshine always calmed his spirit.  What did a guy, dead for 50 plus years, know about him? Did he care if he was alone?

As his body responded to the young man’s talents Brian realized he didn’t feel any better. He didn’t get the high he used to in the back room.  Of course, he usually was high back in the day. Brian gently stepped away from the man on his knees and zipped up his fly.  He walked back out and glanced around the dance floor but didn’t see Justin. He realized he was almost relieved he didn’t see him in the arms of another man.  As he checked the floor once more he felt someone move up next to him. He turned to tell whoever it was he wasn’t interested, he saw Emmett standing there.

“He went home.” Emmett said flatly.  He wanted to tell Brian how what he really thought but he didn’t.  Instead he said, “He said he was getting a headache and he wanted to take care of it so he would be ready for you when you managed to break away and go home.” Emmett bit his tongue.  He hadn’t planned to say that.

“Honeycutt, what do you have to say?”

“Brian, I really didn’t mean to say that.  Maybe I am just jealous I haven’t found my Sunshine yet. But maybe he is on his way up right now.” A young man walked up and Emmett reached for his hand and they disappeared into the melee on the floor.

Brian watched him go and then he realized there was nothing else he wanted there.  He thought about Justin and wondered how he got home.  It wasn’t too far and could be walked but if he had a headache….  Did he have a headache? Maybe that’s why he wasn’t interested in the back room tonight. Brian knew Justin no longer usually felt like playing with others very often and they had just had two weeks with a ghost.  Damn that ghost.  That spirit was the cause of all his unsettled feelings tonight.  Brian found himself heading to the door and by the time he got to his car he was ready to be with Justin.

Brian sat at a stop light and noticed a little shop with small bouquets in the window.  He turned the corner and jumped out  of the car. Two minutes later he had a bunch of flowers on the passenger seat and he rushed home.  He realized he wanted to be home.  Had he ever called it that before and meant it?  He would go to the loft but it was just where he lived but he now realized it was more than that.  It was his safe place.  He never felt that way growing up.  He realized he now knew what home felt like. It really wasn’t the place but the person waiting for you. 

Brian ran his hand through his hair and grabbed the flowers.  He realized he had come to a decision deep inside of himself.  He didn’t wait for the lift.  He ran up the steps and took a deep breath before unlocking the door and sliding it open. 

Justin stood by the kitchen counter. He had pulled on a pair of sweats and an old t-shirt.  He looked up and smiled, “Hey, Bri.  Did you have fun?”

Brian walked over to where he stood and handed him the flowers.  Justin was very surprised but before he could say a word Brian wrapped his arms around him and pulled him close.  As their lips met, Justin’s arms went around his neck and although Justin didn’t know why, he felt like crying, not from disappointment but from pure joy.  Brian lifted Justin so he was sitting on the counter and then just held him close for several moments.

“Brian, is something wrong?” Justin asked, worried about Brian’s reactions. “Did something happen after I left?”

“The only thing that happened is I woke up.  Justin Taylor, I love you.  Even though I don’t think I realized it I think I have loved you since that first night.  Please, can you forgive me?”

“Oh, Bri! I, I’m not sure I know what to say. Did you actually say you loved me?” It was just sinking in.  Their lips again fused and Justin became desperate to feel his skin. Unbuttoning Brian’s shirt as fast as he could he pushed Brian’s shirt off of his shoulders but then Brian took a step back.  “What is it, Brian? You aren’t changing your mind are you?”

“I need to shower, Sunshine.”  Brian grabbed his shirt off the floor and rushed to the bathroom.

Justin jumped off the counter and smiled after Brian.  They always showered if they had been with someone else.  The water started in the bathroom and Justin followed Brian.  He pulled his shirt off and as he walked into the bathroom he dropped his pants and then stopped and looked at Brian’s naked form behind the glass wall.  He loved him.  Brian Kinney actually said he loved him. He let his sweats fall to the floor and then stepped into the stall. From behind, Justin began rubbing a bar of soap around while Brian took care of his front.

Brian turned and again wrapped his arms around Justin’s now naked body, “I …”

“Say it again, Brian.”

“I love you, Justin. I can’t imagine living without you.”

“Brian, make love to me.”

“In bed.  Let’s get in bed.”

By the time they dried off and fell into bed their need was greater than their patience. Brian slid an arm under one of Justin’s legs and gently pushed his other leg to the side; it opened Justin up enough for him to move into him. Justin embraced the pain as it moved to pleasure.  Brian was always a thorough lover but tonight it was different for both of them.  Brian’s heart felt so much lighter that he actually was grinning like a school boy after having sex for the first time. As they climaxed together Brian actually laughed out loud before dropping off to one side.

As they laid there together, Justin rested his hand on Brian’s chest.  “Tell me what changed.” 

“What changed? We had a ghost that lived with us for two weeks.”

“Yes, we did and I will have to thank him but did he say something specific?”

“He said a lot of things, some of it is saved on the computer but just before he left he said something to the effect that he felt alone and he had told me several times he knew we loved each other.  He knew we belonged together.  He told me I could love and that you might not wait around.”

“You aren’t your parents.  You are loved by so many people.”

“I have always known that but never thought I deserved it but I think Jimmy finally showed me my fear could rule my life or I could take control of it.  When you didn’t come with me to the back room, I stood there while...well, you know, and all I could think about was you.  This guy may have had my body responding but that wasn’t enough anymore.  Will we ever sleep with other people? Maybe. But it would be because we both want it and it doesn’t mean shit.  You are the only one that touches my heart.  No, my very soul.”

“I think we need to go to New York City sometime soon and let him know what has happened. Do you think James knew this would happen?”  Justin asked as he pressed a kiss on Brian’s jaw line.

 

As Brian pulled him closer and pressed his lips gently against his Sunshine’s they both stopped for just a moment as they both heard the jingling of a distant bell.


This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1621