The Man I Hate? 3 Let's Discuss Gus by Simply written
Summary:

May be an image of 3 people, including Leah Taylor, tree, mountain, snow and text that says 'The Man HatE? 3 Let's Discuss Gus'

It has been five years since Brian and Justin had reunited at their Montana cabin.  Little Aiden is just completing kindergarten.  Although he would always have his health issues, they were well controlled as long as he stayed on his medication.  Gus was the son they are worried about.  He is 15 and completing his sophomore year.  He had gotten in with the wrong crowd.  He’d been living with his moms more and more who were too wrapped up in their own problems that they lost track of what Gus was up to.

 

Now it is up to Brian and Justin to try and get their kind and caring son back before it is too late.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Ted Schmidt
Tags: None
Genres: Angst w/ Happy Ending
Pairings: None
Challenges: None
Series: The Cabin in Montana
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 88879 Read: 11041 Published: Feb 19, 2021 Updated: Apr 01, 2021

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

5. Chapter 5 by Simply written

6. Chapter 6 by Simply written

7. Chapter 7 by Simply written

8. Chapter 8 by Simply written

9. Chapter 9 by Simply written

10. Chapter 10 by Simply written

11. Chapter 11 by Simply written

12. Chapter 12 by Simply written

13. Chapter 13 by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written

Chapter 1 


“Fuck you,” Gus said under his breath so Brian wouldn’t hear him.  He texted his mom, Mel, ‘Come pick me up’ and started putting his computer in his bag as well as a sketchbook and a couple other things he brought back and forth between his homes.

Mel responded, ‘Need to clear it with B or J’.

‘FUCK’, was Gus’ response to her. 

Justin entered the master to find Brian staring out the window into the backyard where GC was laying in the shade.  “He misses Aiden,” Brian said flatly.  “So do I.”

“He is only gone for the weekend. You know he is having a great time at Molly’s with Tasha.  He loves his cousin. And Molly is one of the few people I trust him with.  I know she would never forget his medication,” Justin had a hard time letting him stay anywhere.  Even sending him to kindergarten this year was hard.  “He has been doing so well but I can’t forget how little it would take to get him really sick again.” Justin looked at Brian again and hoped he would say something but  he just stared into the yard.  Justin touched his shoulder, “Do you want me to go talk to him?”

“By talk, do you mean shake some sense into him?” Brian glared at Justin but as Justin turned to walk away, Brian reached out and pulled him close, “I’m sorry.  You are not to blame for this.” 

After they had kissed, Brian’s phone signaled.  “I will go check on Gus, you check out your message.”  Justin kissed him once more and headed for Gus’ room.  He knocked on the door and stepped in.

“Can’t you leave me the hell ….” Gus realized it wasn’t Brian and stopped. 

“Hey, Gus. Can we talk about it?”

“Why? You are just going to take his side.”

“That’s not fair.  I don’t take sides.”

“It doesn’t matter.  Mama Mel is coming to get me.”

“No, she is not!” Brian came in without knocking.

“Have you forgotten how to knock now?” Gus glared at his father. “And what do you mean she isn’t coming.”

“It is your weekend to stay here with us.  She texted and asked if she needed to come and I told her, no.”

“I don’t want to stay here! Why should I want to stay where I can’t even spend time at my friends’ places.”

“Gus, last time we allowed you to go to one of their places we couldn’t get ahold of you for almost 24 hours.”

“My moms don’t care.”

“Gus, I can’t set the rules at their place but here I can.”

“Orders are more like it,”    Gus looked defiantly at Brian.

Brian walked over and took the bag off of Gus’ shoulder, “Sit down and stay awhile. You aren’t going anywhere.” Brian walked out with the backpack in his hand.

“YOU CAN’T TAKE THAT…”  Gus was yelling as Brian disappeared.  “Dad?” he looked at Justin.  “He can’t do that!  My computer is in there.  My phone is in there. What am I supposed to do? Does he really want me to hate him this much?” Gus looked up and saw his gaming system, “At least I have that.”

“Gus, what started all this?”

“You were going to say, ‘this time’ weren’t you?”

“No, I wasn’t.  You two are so similar.”

“I am nothing like him!”

“Oh, Gus, you are so much like him.  He knows the trouble he had and he is just trying to save you some of that…”

“I don’t want to be anything like him.  He is an overbearing, pompous ass that doesn’t care if…”

“Whoa, Gus, that’s enough. If Brian didn’t care he wouldn’t be on you like this.”

“Can’t you get him to change his mind?” Gus sat in front of the TV and started the game system but it would not connect. “He turned off the internet! Please, Dad….”

“I agree with him about you staying here.  Last time you weren’t responsible enough to let us know where you were.”

“But, Dad…” Gus’ voice began to whine.

“I will work on getting the internet back for you and then I will see about the bag.” Justin walked to the door, “Gus, I love you.  I know you don’t care right now but you’re my son and both of us just want what is best for you.”

“The only reason you even know I’m here this weekend is because Aiden isn’t.” Gus walked to his bed and flopped down on his stomach.

Justin opened his mouth but shut it again and walked out and headed back to the master bedroom. He was greeted by the dog. “Hey, boy, did you get tired of waiting for Aiden?  I think Gus could use your company. Go find Gus.” Justin pointed to the door and GC trotted out of the door.  

Brian was sitting on the bed, pulling things out of Gus’ bag. He dropped down next to him and put his arm around Brian’s waist, “Are you sure you should be going through that bag?”

“Justin, we both know he is using something.  I just don’t know what.”

“He is very upset, especially since you cut off the internet and you have his computer and his phone.”

“Little good that does.  We don’t have his pass codes to either of them.”

“Don’t we?” Justin took the laptop and went into the administrator section.  He typed a few keys and it came to life.  A beautiful actress filled the screen. 

“Damn, I hoped it wasn’t true,” Brian kissed Justin, smiling a little.  “How did you know how to get into that?”

“Before I gave it to him at Christmas, I set that part up.  The phone isn’t as easy but we do have parental controls on it so we can go onto the website and check out his texts. Of course, we can’t do that with the internet shut off.”

“Are you saying I should put it back on?”

“I think we need to check out his bag and decide if we need to worry.” Justin commented as he started looking in the bag.  “What did Mel say in her text?”

“That she didn’t have time for Gus this weekend.”

“She really did?”

“I get the feeling she isn’t with Lindsay. They may be taking the weekend off from each other. It is no wonder Gus is always ready for a fight.  That’s all they do.”

Justin was very thorough and soon found a couple small empty plastic bags stuck between the liner and a zipper. Without a word he handed them to Brian.

“Shit!  I was expecting a baggy of pot.  I was hoping …. “ he took the small bags. “No powder which I figured.  There is no way to know what kind of pills were in these.         

While Brian took a look at the bags, Justin was looking through emails on Gus’ computer.  “He doesn’t use email for anything but school work.”

“Damn, can you see his texts through your phone?”

Justin tapped here and there, moved from on screen to another and then said softly, “Bingo.” He handed his phone over to Brian who read through correspondence between Gus and his two best friends.  They were definitely experimenting. “Brian, you can see they are leading him to it at first but then it looks like they tried something and from that text on, Gus is an equal partner in it all. Brian, maybe a trip to the cabin will help.  Gus will be done with school in another month.  Maybe a trip up there will be what he needs to think straight.  Without the pressures of school or his moms, maybe that is all he will need.  We both know he is a good kid. He is just losing his way right now.”  Justin turned Brian’s head to look at him, eye to eye.  “What were you doing at 15, Brian?”

“That’s what scares the hell out of me,” Brian pulled Justin close.

“What started all this, Brian.  What happened tonight?”

“He asked for money and I said no.  He gets a good allowance and if he needs something for school, all he has to do is ask but he needs to learn to budget his fun money. I have a feeling Mel and Lindz have been giving him more. I wish those two…” There was a knock on the door. Justin quickly shut Gus’ computer and pushed it away from him.

“Come in, Gus.” Justin said as he rested against Brian who tightened his arms.

“I just wanted to say….Dad, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have gotten so mad at you. I….my friends just really wanted me to come over and…”

“And if you act like that one of your moms usually gives in?” Justin said with a softness in his voice that didn’t sound like he was accusing anyone of anything.

“Well, they are easy to distract lately.”

“Gus,” Brian stood and walked over to his son.  “Is there anything else going on? Something we should know?”

“No! Like what?” Gus’ gaze would not stay on Brian. 

“Gus, we just know that your moms, well, they are struggling so if we can help them out by helping you out, we’d be glad to do that,” Justin said, not wanting Brian to push him too much right now. “I don’t want to sound like an old guy but you know we are always here for you and between the two of us, we have been through a lot and done a lot of things we aren’t proud of so…”

“Thanks, but I’m good.  Dad, I said I’m sorry.  May I please have my bag back and get wifi back?”

“Ok, but tell your friends you aren’t available all weekend.”

“But, Dad….” the look on Brian’s face shut Gus down, “Ok,I got it.”

“Since Aiden won’t be back until tomorrow night, why don’t we plan something to do tomorrow, something we don't usually do because Aid is too small.”

“Ok, I’ll think about it.” 

Justin stuffed Gus’ stuff back in the backpack and handed it to him. “Gus, we do love you.”

“Ya, I know,” Gus raised the bag a bit and said, “Thanks,” and he left their room.

Once they knew he was out of earshot, Brian said, “So you didn’t want me to push the subject?”

“Bri, it wouldn’t have gotten us anywhere tonight.  I think we need to meet with Mel and Lindz and hopefully they will agree with our trip to Montana. I would rather we don’t have to push them.”

“You are right as always.”

“Ooo, I like the sound of that.  If I’m always right I think it is time for bed, now.”

“Who am I to argue with that.”

“Dad, the wifi?”

“Two minutes, Gus.  He needs to kiss me first,” Justin called back as his mouth turned up to Brian’s and Brian graciously obliged.


The next morning, Brian and Justin lay in bed.  They were both coated in a sheen of sweat.  “Damn, that was good.” Brian sighed as Justin’s hand ran down Brian’s abdomen. 

“So where do you think Gus will want to go today?” Justin asked as his fingers began to play with Brian’s pubic hair. 

“I have no idea. At his age where would you have gone?”

“I loved art museums but on a day like this, it looks like it will be amazing out, I’d say, let’s go to Kennywood.  Who doesn’t love an amusement park?”

“I remember Gus the first time we took him there.  He went on rides until he was sick.” Brian took in a quick breath at Justin’s touch.

“And he talked about it non-stop for the next two weeks.” Justin smiled at the memory as he turned over and kissed Brian.  “Let’s go shower.  I doubt he will be awake for a while but if he thought of some place to go he may be up on time.”

When they got out of the shower, Justin pulled on a robe and went to check if Gus was awake.  It was nearly 9:00 so he thought he would check on Gus while Brian went to make coffee.  Neither dressed because they weren’t sure where they were going. Justin opened the door and Gus was sprawled across his bed.

“What do you want?” Gus said without looking to see who it was.

“Good Morning to you, too.  We were just wondering if you had decided what we were doing today.”

“Oh, well… can we just go to the mall? I could use some new stuff for summer.”

“You want to go shopping? We were thinking maybe the amusement park or….”

“NO!” Gus snapped. He took a breath.  “Let’s just go to the mall for lunch and then I can tell you what I need.” It sounded like an order. 

“Gus, I love you, but I can’t say I appreciate your tone and if you talk to your dad like that I have a feeling you will be without wifi a lot longer than an hour.”

Gus just shrugged, “I’ll be ready at noon.” Justin opened his mouth to say more but left without saying more.  Once he was sure he was gone, Gus pulled the empty bottle out from under him. That had been really close.  He had fallen asleep before he could hide it. He better be more careful. Once they got to the mall he would hook up with his friends.  They said they would have some pot for him and if not pot, his friend promised he could take some of the adderall they had in the bathroom.  No one would notice a couple pills missing.  He couldn’t stay with his moms without something to soften the atmosphere.  If he could manage it, he planned to spend most nights between his friends’ houses. When he was there he could forget everything. He set a timer for 45 minutes and then laid back down to sleep a few more minutes.

Justin took Brian’s cup of coffee out of his hand and took a large swallow. Brian filled another mug and exchanged the fresh one for the one Justin had taken.  “So what are we doing today?”

“We are going to the mall.  Shopping.  Our straight 15 year old son wants to go shopping.
Why does that just sound wrong?”

“Well, maybe we have been looking at this wrong.  Maybe there is a girl, not drugs.” Brian gently pressed against Justin’s hips with his own.  

“Brian, his room smelled of whiskey.  Is there a bottle missing?”

“Do you have any idea of how many we had in the cupboard?”

“No, not a clue.  I think after this weekend we will store the extra in a locked cabinet.”

“I think making the temptation a little harder is a good idea.  He said he would be ready at noon.”

“Well, since we have plenty of time, I am going to sit on the patio and play fetch with GC and hopefully talk to Aiden for a few minutes. At least I hope Aiden will be happy to talk to me.”

As he started to walk away Brian grabbed his hand, “Was Gus rude?”

“Probably no ruder than most 15 year olds but he has always been such a sweet kid.  I don’t like this new Gus very much.”

“I’ll talk to him.”

“Don’t, Bri.  It won’t help. Hopefully, we can keep a close eye on him the next month and then get him away…”

“Ok, but I won’t put up with him being disrespectful to you of all people.”

“This will pass. Now, let’s go call the son that loves us.”

Justin called Molly as Brian played with Gray Cub.  “Hey, bro, checking up on my parenting skills?”

“I know you are an amazing parent, Mol, but I miss my guy.  Is he doing alright? Is he taking his medicine?”

“Of course he is.” Molly called out, “Aiden, your dads are on the phone.”  Justin heard little footsteps.

“Hi, Daddy. Why are you calling me? Tasha and I were watching a movie.  Pretty soon Aunt Molly is taking us to that big playground.  You know the one I mean.  I can’t…”

“Aid, you don’t even know which dad you are talking to?”

“Of course I did.  I knew it was you. Big Daddy is probably sitting next to you and rubbing GC’s tummy.  He will tell me he loves me before we hang up.”

“How did you get so smart? You have learned a lot this year in kindergarten.”

“Of course, I learned a lot but I always know my dads.  Is Gus there?”

“Um, Gus is probably in the shower right now.”

“Is he still mad?”

“Mad, why do you ask if he is mad?”

Aiden was silent for a moment and then said, "He just seems mad all the time lately.”

“He hasn’t been mad at you, has he?”

“No, not really, he just never wants to play anymore.”

“Well, we hope that changes soon.” Brian threw the ball once more and then took the phone out of Justin’s hand.

“Hey, Aiden, what are you and Tasha up to?”

“I just told Daddy that we are going to that great big playground that has all the fun slides and swings.”

“That sounds like a lot of fun. Take good care of your aunt Molly and Tasha.”

“I will, Big Daddy.  Are you going to say it?”

“Say what?” Brian was a bit confused.

“Aren’t you going to tell me how much you love me?”

“Ah, Aiden, I do love you, so much.”

“I love you, too, Big Daddy.”  Brian passed the phone back to Justin and kissed his cheek as he called for GC as he walked into the house.   “Daddy, are you there?”

“I am Aiden.  You have a good time and make sure you listen to Aunt Molly.  And don’t forget to drink plenty of water.”

“I know, Daddy.   Love you.”

“Oh, I love you, too, son. I miss you so much. I will see you tonight.”


Gus walked into the kitchen and drank some orange juice out of the carton. Brian looked at him and almost said something about a hangover but he knew Justin was probably right.  As long as they kept close tabs on him for the next month, he would be alright.  Then they could take him to Montana and although he was sure it wouldn’t be easy, he was sure they could get through to him.

“So are we going or what?” Gus mumbled.

“Good morning to you, too,” Brian responded wanting to say more but stopping himself.  “As soon as Justin says goodbye to Aiden I think he will be ready.”

“The kid will be home tonight. Why did he have to call him now?”

Brian turned and looked at him and as he opened his mouth to respond, Justin walked in. “Hey, Gus, Aided says hi.”

“Ya, are we going now?” Gus asked.

“Gus, we are just going to the mall.  I didn’t know we had a time schedule to follow. Did you decide you wanted to see a movie or something?”

Gus paused a minute, “No, guess I am just hungry.” It was obvious he was still anxious but he had taken control of his emotions and tried to talk without the angst in his voice.


Twenty minutes later they pulled into a parking spot.  Gus stopped his dads for a second, “Don’t embarrass me, ok?”

“Gus, how would we embarrass you?” Justin asked.

“Dad, you’re kidding right? Do you think you can go without touching while we’re here?”

“Like no touching at all? Aren’t we here to have a nice family day?  You chose the activity,” Brian said as he pulled Justin against him as they stood next to the vehicle.

“Like that!  God, you have been together forever.  It can’t be that you are turned on that much.”

“Oh, Gus, you could only be lucky enough to find someone you can’t get enough of,” Justin kissed Brian and took a step back.  “But we will do our best to behave.” Justin looked at Brian and he nodded.

“So where are we eating?” Brian said, taking a step away from Justin.

“I was thinking wings.” 

“Now, I can do that,” Brian said.

“Remember, Brian, no touching,” Justin reminded him.

“Damn, does that mean I can’t suck off each of your fingers when they…”

“Seriously, you two.  We aren’t even in the building yet and you’re already talking about sex.”

“Would you rather we just yell at each other like your moms,” Brian commented.

“Brian, don’t….” Justin warned.

“Fuck you!” Gus said and jogged to the building ahead of them.

“What was that supposed to do?”  Justin asked him.

“I just… I know. I just don’t get him. We need to talk to his moms, maybe tonight.”

“Let me find him and we will meet you at the Wing Shack,” Justin kissed Brian as he walked away. “Oh, and call Lindz about tonight.”

It took Justin twenty minutes to locate Gus. He had walked past this spot more than once but now Gus was sitting there like he had been there all the time. “There you are.” Justin sat down next to him.

“Why do you stay with him.  He is such an asshole!”  Gus looked at Justin, “Ok, maybe that isn’t the right way to say it to my gay father but…”

‘Gus, he loves you and he’s worried about you.”

“Why is he worried?”

“Well, your moms are having issues…”

“And he has no right to talk about them, behind their back.”

“Gus, you know he cares about your moms.”

“Ya, but he still doesn’t have to talk about them.” As Justin talked to him he saw Gus relaxing.  It reminded him of back in his party days.  Had Gus scored something in the short time they were separate.

“He’s waiting for us.  We just want to have some fun.  I know you would rather spend time with your friends but since you have been sneaking around lately,” he saw Gus starting to open his mouth and continued, “like drinking a bottle of whiskey last night.” Gus’ eyes opened wide.  “And it’s not that you drank. That’s not a huge deal.  The problem is you are just keeping us out of your life.”  Now he waited but Gus didn’t say anything.  “Let’s go find Bri before he comes to look for us.  He loves you, Gus.  We both do.  If we didn’t, we wouldn’t care what you did.”

“Ya, I know. I’m hungry.  Let’s go get wings.  What do you think, 6 flavors?”

“That sounds like more than we need but I am sure we can talk him into it.” 

Brian sat on a bench but didn’t say anything.  He stood and was going to kiss Justin but then remembered his promise and just stopped near them. He was going to let Justin take the lead in the conversation.  He hated fighting with Gus.  It reminded him too much of his relationship with his dad minus the physical stuff.

“Are you ready for a sampler platter? We are thinking 6 different flavors and fries.”

“And fried pickles.  This place has the best fried pickles.” And like that the tension seemed to be out of the air.

They each chose two flavors of wings and put in the order, along with the fried pickles and a big basket of fries. “By the time I finish this meal I will need to figure out some way to work off all these calories,” Justin commented as he looked around at the basket of food on other tables.

Brian opened his mouth to say something but shut it again.  He was trying to behave himself.

Gus started laughing, “You better say it, Dad, or you might have an aneurysm. Just no actions, please!”

“Thank you!” Brian patted Gus’ shoulder.  “Sunshine, I know the perfect workout to burn off those calories and I plan to show you every move once we are home.” Justin’s hand slid under the table and squeezed Brian’s upper thigh. “Now that is not fair!” 

Justin winked at Gus and then brought his hand back to the top of the table. Justin was glad Gus seemed more relaxed and was enjoying himself. He obviously hadn’t taken anything too mind altering.  It probably was just a joint and it had calmed his anxiety.  The way he dove into the food once it arrived just reinforced his theory.  Gus obviously had the munchies.  They laughed and enjoyed each other’s company as they worked their way through all the food.

Gus talked about his friends and how excited he was for school to be done for the summer. He talked about his plans with his friends. Brian and Justin glanced at each other and they silently agreed they were not going to mention the trip yet. Maybe today would be the turn around.  Maybe they would take a short vacation to the cabin like they always did and then Gus could have a normal summer with friends.

They spent the next couple hours shopping for Gus and although he didn’t think Brian noticed, Justin now knew he had been right.  Maybe it wasn’t just a joint because whatever Gus had done, he was now tired and getting moody again. Justin managed to make everyone think it was their idea to go home.  He reminded Gus he wanted to do a couple things before he was picked up and, to get Brian ready to go home, he commented about the workout he needed. It wasn’t long before Gus was in the backseat with several packages and Brian was out in the flow of traffic.  

By the time they arrived at home, Gus grabbed his bags, and without a word, he went up to his room. Brian walked around to Justin and pulled him close, kissing him long and hard. “Damn, I have wanted to do that since lunch.  And what has gotten into him now?”

“By the time I found him before lunch, he had taken something.  It may have just been some weed or an edible but I could see it wearing off when we were shopping. And,” he pressed against Brian once more, “I think you promised me a workout.”  Brian turned him toward the door and propelled him toward it.

Once they were up in their room they started undressing each other.  Justin’s tongue traveled along Brian’s jawline and as he got to his chin, he was going to work his way lower but instead he felt himself being lifted off the floor and Brian set him on the edge of the dresser before moving his hand between Justin’s legs and when he found the spot he was looking for he sank his finger into him.  He began to stroke him slowly and soon Justin was cumming all over both of them.  And before he could get his breath completely Brian had pulled him off his perch and before Justin knew what was happening, Brian had him leaning over a chair and was plunging into him.  Justin was still buzzing from the last orgasm and Brian’s entrance had him instantly back into another spasm and Brian soon followed.


“Are you still screwing or can I come in?” Gus said at the door.

Brian and Justin had just gotten out of the shower and they both grabbed their robes.  “Come in, Gus,” Justin called to him. 

“You know a lot of your friends would be thrilled to know their parents were in love,” Brian wrapped his arms around Justin from behind. 

“You two are gross.”

“Did you need something? Your moms aren’t here yet, are they?”

“No, I just wanted to get your signature on something,” he handed a pen and paper to Brian.

“What is this?”

“Nothing important. Just a permission slip for…”

“Gus, this isn’t a permission slip.  Did you think I forgot how to read?”

Justin took it from him and looked at it, “Oh, Gus, how did this happen?”  The paper he was holding told them that Gus was failing English and that if he didn’t complete a project, specified in the note, he would need to repeat the class the next year.

“He obviously has decided his friends and their hobbies are much more important than school work.” 

“My friends have nothing to do with it.  I just hate reading that old English stuff.  It makes no sense and…”

Justin interrupted, “And if you had told us this we would have gotten you a tutor.”

“I’m not spending my free time with some bookworm.  I…”

“You aren’t going anywhere until we know you are passing that class,” Brian broke in.

“You can’t decide that!  I will be living with my moms and they don’t care.” Gus walked over and grabbed the paper.  I should have just had them sign it in the first place.”

“What the hell is going on with you?” Brian asked but Gus was already at the door.  “We are having a drink with your moms tonight. This isn’t over, Gus.”

“Why the hell are you meeting with them?”  Now Gus had some nervousness in his voice.

Brian opened his mouth but Justin touched his arm. Justin softly said,“We are worried about you, Gus.  We just want you to be happy and for you to succeed.”

“You just want me to be some boring nobody.  That’s not who I am.  That’s not who my friends are.” With that Gus ran out the door toward his room.  

By the time Brian and Justin were dressed and got downstairs, they saw Mel’s car pull out of the drive.  “They are coming tonight, right?” Justin asked Brian.

“Yes.  They are coming around 8:30.”

“It’s not going to be pleasant, is it?”

“No.  I don’t think having those two in the same room is ever pleasant anymore and now we are wanting to talk about an unpleasant issue. No matter what happens it won’t be enjoyable.” Brian guided Justin to the back door to sit outside.

“I wish they would just call it quits.  Do they think this is a good thing for Gus?”  Justin asked as he sat next to Justin and GC came over and put his head on Brian’s leg.

“I think they are so absorbed in their own disdain for each other that they have forgotten why they were trying to make it work.”

“Justin, I am going to fight them for custody if they don’t get their shit together. You are alright with that, aren’t you?”

“You know I would do anything for that young man.”

“I know but it isn’t going to be easy and we have Aiden to think about.”

“He would never hurt Aiden.”

“I agree but he could distract us from Aiden.”

“Brian, he is as much our son as Aiden. We are a family and I will do anything for our family.” 

“You back here?” Molly’s voice came from the other side of the back fence.

“Oh, ya, Molly.  I’m coming.” Justin went over and unlocked the gate and was nearly knocked over by the small boy rushing him. “Hey, Aid!” Justin scooped him up and hugged him.

“Daddy, I had so much fun but I missed you.”

“Oh, I missed you too. Let me say goodbye to Aunt Molly and you go say hi to Big Daddy.” Justin set Aiden down and he quickly gave Molly a hug before running to Brian.  Now Justin hugged his sister, “Everything go alright?”

“It was. Tasha loves having him around and I need to go.  Spenc has to go into work so he is spending a little time with Tasha until I get back.  By the way, he is very tired. I did get him to rest this afternoon as they watched a movie but they had so much fun playing.”

“He’ll be fine.  I will get him an early dinner and then to bed early.  Thanks, Mol.  I’m glad you had a nice weekend.”

“You know he is no trouble.”

“I know that’s a lie but I know you love him and Tasha loves it when he is around.“

“He is such a sweet boy.  I can only love him.” Molly waved and left. 

Aiden was curled up on Brian’s lap and GC had jumped up next to them on the bench.  They had gotten used to Aiden being tired after a weekend like this. At first it worried about that but Dr. Victor, Ted’s husband, assured them he needed to be a little boy.  They would just have to make sure he rested afterward.  As long as his color was good, he took it easy, and he ate, he was fine.

Justin kissed both of them, “I am going to make Aiden something for dinner.  Are you hungry? I am still full.”

“I am good for now. Aiden can tell me all about his weekend while you make him something to eat.”

An hour later, Aiden was in his bed, asleep.  It was only about 7:30 but he was totally wiped out.  They went down and together they made a charcuterie plate and opened a couple of bottles of wine and waited for Mel and Lindsay to arrive. 

They heard the women before the doorbell even rang.  Brian walked over and opened the door but before he even let them in he stood there waiting for them to stop arguing and when they finally were quiet, Brian spoke, “Aiden is asleep and he has had a busy weekend.  He needs to sleep.  Can you be grownups that long?”

“How is Aiden doing? Is he sick again?”

Justin hugged both of them, “He is fine.  He spent time with Molly and her family so he had a great weekend but the poor little guy now has to spend a couple days playing catch up.”  Justin led them into the den where the wine and snacks were.

For the first few minutes they exchanged pleasantries. “Help yourself.  We took Gus out for wings and ate so much we knew we couldn’t eat much tonight,”  Brian said as he grabbed a piece of cheese.

“Well, Mel shouldn’t be hungry either.  I am sure she had a big lunch with, what’s her name?” Lindsay glared at Mel.  Mel just glared at her.

“OK, if that’s the way it’s going to be shut up and listen,” Brian said.

“Kinney, you may be able to talk like that to other people but….”

“Shut up, Mel.  We need to talk about our son,” Mel scowled but sat back.  “Do you have any idea what Gus has been taking?”

“What do you mean taking? He hasn’t stolen something has he?”

“Well, not that I know of but it won’t be long if he keeps up the way he is going.  Did you know he is failing English.  He drank a bottle of whiskey last night and today, we don’t know what he took, but he either smoked a joint or had edibles or something.”

“You’re one to talk about drugs, Brian.  You took your share in the day,” Lindsay commented.

“If it is just a joint we aren’t worried about it but we are afraid it is more than that and did you miss the failing English? He will have to take summer school or retake the class next year if he can’t bring up the grade.”

“Well, we know he is smart.  He’ll be fine.” Mel threw out.

“No, Mel, he won’t be fine.  He is going down a bad path and…” Justin stopped when Brian interrupted.

“If you can’t support him and help him pull it together, he is moving in with us full time.”

“The hell he is.  We have custody and you have your visitation.”

“Well, Justin and I have him after school is out and we are taking him to Montana for vacation.  If by then you two have pulled yourself together we will talk about it but if you two are still acting like children yourself, he is staying with us.”

“Fuck you, Kinney.  That isn’t going to happen.  You can take him to your precious cabin but when you come back we will continue the court ordered visitation rules,” Mel stood and walked toward the door.

Lindsay looked from Brian to Justin, “So if we aren’t the perfect loving couple like you are you are going to take Gus from us?”

Brian walked over and put his arm around Lindsay, “No, Lindz, if you decide to split or divorce, that is up to you but you can’t keep pulling Gus into this.  We know you love him.  We also know you aren’t to blame for the shit he’s pulling now but if he can play you two against each other and then you against us.  It has to get better or I will do whatever is best for Gus.”

“You won’t get him.  Gus is fine!” Mel said as she walked out the door.

“If you think he is fine you really are too self absorbed to be a parent, Mel.” Justin said softly as she got in the car and slammed the door.

Lindsay looked between Brian and Justin for the second time that evening,  “I really don’t see….”

“Take a good look at our son, Lindz.  If you really look, you’ll see it.”

“If you want a ride home….” Mel yelled.

 

“You’re wrong, Brian.  You have to be wrong.”

 

Chapter 2 by Simply written

Chapter 2


Justin let Aiden sleep in on Monday. He notified the school Aiden would be in around 10:30. It was about 9:00 when Justin heard little feet coming down the stairs. As he walked into the kitchen he was rubbing his eyes sleepily and crawled up onto Justin’s lap.  “Daddy, why did you let me sleep late?”

Justin hugged his son and kissed the top of his tousled hair.  “I knew you needed to sleep a little  extra after all the fun you had with Tasha this weekend.”

“The kids always look at me funny when I come in late and some of them ask if I was sick again.”

“And what do you say?”

“I tell them I’m not really sick but that I have something funny with my blood that means I get extra tired sometimes.”

“What does your teacher say to the other kids?”

“She told them about NTDT.  She is always nice about it and one time when one of the boys started saying something that wasn’t nice she told him to stop.”

“Well, I’m glad she understands.”  Justin held him tightly for a couple more minutes.  

“Daddy, you’re holding me kind of tight. Did you miss me?”

“I missed you so much.  You can’t imagine how much.”

Aiden turned and hugged Justin, “Can I have breakfast?”

“Of course you can, what would you like?”

“Do we have time for pancakes?”

“Sure, why don’t you go get dressed and I will have them ready when you come down.”


An hour later Justin pulled into the office.  He was hoping he could have a few minutes with Lindsay once he got in for the day.  When she had started working for him five years ago he had no idea she would still be with him but now he wasn’t sure what he would do without her. She had an eye for making things work the way the client requested.

They typically kept their family life separate from work but he thought the two of them might be able to talk and think more clearly without their overly emotional spouses being involved.  Justin stopped by his assistant Mitchell’s desk to review the schedule for the day.

“How is your little man? Aiden is so adorable.  I miss seeing him.  Now that he is in school he can’t stop by nearly as often.”

“Well, next month school is over and when we get done with our vacation, I will make sure he stops by.”

“Was he not feeling well this morning?” Mitchell asked with real concern.

“He just had a little too much fun this weekend.  He loves going to Molly’s. I let him sleep until he woke up and he looks like he is ready to go for the day.”  They reviewed his schedule and then he asked, “Is Lindsay in for the day?”

“Oh, yes.  She was in by 8:00.”

“Could you check her calendar and let her know I want to see her.?”

“Sure, I’ll let you know what time works for her.”

“Thanks, Mitchell.  Please don’t let anyone else in before buzzing me.”

“You’ve got it, Justin.”

Ten minutes later Mitchell called Justin, “I talked to Lindsay.  She can have lunch with you or she can see you around 4:00.”

“Lunch is great.  You know what I usually like at all the local spots.  Please ask Lindz what she wants and then order lunch for both of us.”


At 12:00 Justin’s phone rang and he picked it up, “Hello, love.”

“Hey, Justin. What time did Aiden wake up?”

“It was around 9:00.  I dropped him off at school a little after 10:00. Bri, I’m having lunch with Lindsay.”

“Is that smart?”

“I am hoping without Mel around she will listen to me.  It can’t hurt.”

“I guess there is no harm.  And that answers my question about a late lunch.  I was hoping I could molest you in the back of my old office.” Brian chuckled low and seductively. “Damn, I can almost feel your lips on mine right now. I just was looking at some copy and damn it was lips and that made me think about yours and…”

There was a knock on the office door and Lindsay walked in.”

“Oh, Brian, my lunch date is here.”

“Love you.”

“I love you, too, Brian.  Can you be home at 5:00 tonight?  Since I got in late I might be a few minutes late.”

“I will pick Aiden up by 5:15 and we will have dinner ready when you get home.”

“Thank you.  I will be home by 6:00.”  

Lindsay was carrying the bag with their lunch in it. She walked to the back room where the table was and she started pulling the food out.  “I had a feeling you would want to talk.”

“”I’m glad you could make it work.  I know we don’t mix our personal life with work but I am concerned about you. It is obvious you and Mel…”

“Can’t stand to be in the same room? Can’t talk without yelling?”

“Lindsay, are you working on it? I mean have you gone to counseling or… Sorry, it’s none of my business.” Justin took a bite of his sandwich.

“Justin,” she set her fork down and took a deep breath. “I just don’t know… I think it is over between us.  I can’t see us coming up with any solutions.  I think we just need to figure out how to say goodbye.”

“I’m sorry, Lindz.  You know I have always liked you and Mel but you being together is obviously not right anymore and the effort you are trying to put into that….we are really worried about Gus. I’m afraid that he might…”

“Gus would never be stupid enough to hurt himself.”

“Did you know he is flunking out of English?  Did you know he sneaks booze out of the liquor cabinet? Has he been smoking weed at your place? Seriously, we don’t have an issue with a joint but I think that might just be the tip of the iceberg.”

“Did you say he’s failing English?”

“Yes, he wanted Brian to sign the paper.  I don’t think he wanted to add more stress between the two of you?”

“So it is our fault that Gus…”

Justin reached over and took her hand. “We aren’t blaming either of you.  I remember when Brian and I, well… When a relationship isn’t working it takes everything out of you and you just don’t have the strength for other relationships.  Maybe, Gus should move in with us until…”

“No.  I don't think so.  Gus is what keeps us civil.”

“Lindsay, should  that be the job of a 15 year old?”

Neither said anything for several moments as they both ate. Lindsay picked up her ice tea and, after taking a sip, she said, “Melanie has made it clear we are going to keep the custody agreement just as the court agreement says.  And I agree with her.  He is my son. He needs to be by his mothers.”

“Lindsay, I agree he needs his moms but his moms have to be able to focus on him and not just each other.”

“Is that what you think? Do you think Mel and I let Gus run wild.  He is Brian’s son.  You have heard the stories about him. Brian turned out well.  Gus will grow out of it.”

“That’s fine, if he lives long enough.”

“Justin, don’t say things like that.”

“I have to think about it.  What am I going to say to Aiden if his big brother has to go away or worse than that, doesn’t come back home.”

“Justin, don’t say things like that. Gus is fine.”

“You just keep thinking that. We are leaving for Montana as soon as school is done.  That is what the court decided.  We have custody the month of June.  Gus will be with us. Maybe you can use that time to make decisions about your own relationship.”  After saying that, Justin ate his lunch in silence.  

Lindsay stood, picking up her salad, “I have work to do.” With that she walked out of his office.

Justin looked toward the now empty doorway and hoped he hadn’t made anything worse.He really did want what was best for Gus but he also needed what was best for the rest of the family.


When Justin got home, Brian and Aiden were just finishing dinner. Justin kissed the top of Aiden’s head and then stepped up behind Brian and wrapped his arms around his waist, pressing against him. He reached up under Brian’s arms and put his hands on Brian’s shoulder, kissing Brian’s back between his shoulder blades.

“Did you have a rough day?”  Brian asked as he set the spoon he was holding into the pot and turned to kiss Justin.  He pulled him close.

“It was a busy day.  We’ll talk later,” he glanced at Aiden. “So what did you help Big Daddy make for dinner?”

“We made pasgetti, Daddy.  I tasted the sauce.  It is good. Can we eat now?”

“You help Big Daddy set the table while I change clothes. I’ll be right back.” Justin went up the steps two at a time and when he came back down, five minutes later, the table was set and two glasses of wine had been poured.

The three enjoyed their meal.  Justin asked Aiden about his day and Brian told a funny story about one of his clients.  By the time they had all eaten their fill, Justin took Aiden upstairs for a bath while Brian cleaned up the kitchen. 

Justin helped Aiden wash his back and listened to him talk about his day.  His mind wandered off to Gus.  How many times had he done this with him?  “Daddy, you’re not listening.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, Aiden. What were you saying?”

“I was just saying that you need to wake me up on time tomorrow.  Remember we have a field trip.”

“Oh, ya, I had forgotten.  And you promised to take it easy.”

“I will, Daddy, and the nurse from school is going to be my buddy. She will have my medicine.”

“That sounds like a great plan.  Are you ready to get your hair washed?”

Aiden laid back in the tub and Justin rubbed the shampoo into his scalp.  He knew how much Aiden liked this part of bath time. Justin gently rubbed his scalp and then he started pouring clean water over his hair. Brian had come up silently and stood in the door and watched the interaction between Justin and Aiden.

“Is that good, Aid?”

In a soft, sleepy voice Aiden said, “Can you rub it just for 2 more minutes?”

“Of course I can, son.”  

Brian walked in and picked up the large bath sheet.  When Justin helped Aiden sit back up and then helped him stand, Brian reached in and, wrapping the towel around him, picked up the little boy. He carried him to his bedroom and soon the little boy was in fresh pajamas and tucked into bed. 

“Goodnight, Daddies.  I need to sleep now.”

Both of them gave him a kiss and a hug before they tucked him in and turned off the light as they left the room. Before they made it into their own room, they saw GC come up the steps and slip into Aiden’s room. Brian pulled Justin close.  “Looks like Aiden and I both have bed partners tonight.”

“Would you prefer to have GC? I could sleep with...” Justin smiled up at Brian.

“Don’t you even think about it!” His lips came down hard on Justin’s and Justin melted against him.

“I think I will sleep in my own bed tonight.” Justin said when Brian had finally stepped back. 

“I have an idea, let’s take a bath, a long, hot bath.  Have I ever told you how hot it is to watch you with our son? The love you show him is just so…” Brian kissed him again.

Justin brought his mouth close to Brian’s ear and whispered, “Let’s go wash your hair.” As he said this his hand moved to Brian’s crotch and he started lowering his zipper.

The candles were lit and the bathtub was full of warm scented water. Brian wrapped his arms around Justin as his hands moved slowly across Justin’s slick body, stopping at the small patch of hair on his chest from time to time.  “So how did the meeting with Lindz go?” His head dipped and kissed Justin’s shoulder.

“You and I both know she loves Gus as much as we do but right now she is so wrapped up with the situation with Mel.  She is still struggling to save their relationship. Mel is sticking with following the court custody paperwork which I think we both know is her attempt to have control over something. I know they still love each other but they haven’t been in love for a long time.”

“So, what is Lindsay going to do about it?”

“She never said anything really but I told her that we have custody for June.  That’s what the original judgement said.  I told her they should take that month to get their lives straightened out.”

“Good.  I can tell you Gus will not be going back to live with them if they haven’t got something worked out.”

“I made that clear to her.  She wasn’t happy when she left my office but it wasn’t heated either.”

“You are always better at that shit than I am,” Brian’s hands slid lower and he was soon stroking Justin’s cock. Justin turned his head giving Brian the ability to kiss him.  The kiss was broken long enough for Justin to turn around and wrap his legs around Brian’s waist. As their lips again came together, Justin began to slowly rock against Brian’s dick with his own and as Justin began to move faster, Brian’s kisses became more desperate. Brian then tightened his grip around Justin’s waist and as he held him close they climaxed together. Justin relaxed against Brian and they stayed like that for several minutes. 

“I guess we should get out of here before we fall asleep here,” Justin commented.

“It is still early.”

“Well, I don’t know if I would say early but it is a little early to go to bed. I think it is the perfect time to watch that movie we have been trying to watch. On second thought, maybe we should start making plans for the trip to Montana.  It is early enough to call the caretaker out there.”

“You’re right.  Let’s dry off and get our plans in place.” Brian offered Justin his hand as Justin moved to get to his feet and soon they were both wrapped in plush robes and with a laptop on Justin’s lap and the cellphone in Brian’s hands, plans were being made.


Gus tried to avoid his dads as much as he could the next two week. He had lunch with them one weekend but then blew them off until the last week of school.  Brian had checked with the English teacher and he was assured Gus was working on a special project that should raise his grade enough to pass the course.  “Mr. Kinney, it is obvious you care about your son.  Has something happened this year? At the beginning of the year, Gus was an excellent student. He wasn’t excited about my class but he worked at succeeding but the last semester he seems distracted and at times disrespectful.”

“I’m working on it.  His mothers are having personal issues and if they don’t clear it up, by next fall I will have full custody, I am sure.”

“I am glad to know someone is watching out for him.  Relationships around a student can have such an effect.  Although we have only met once briefly I understand you and your husband have a strong partnership.  I have no doubt that if he can spend more time with your stable homelife, Gus will be fine but, although I haven’t seen it, word around school is he has been seen hanging out with the wrong kids. I don’t want to see a bright kid like him end up having drugs stop his successes.”

“Thank you.  We suspected he was involved in something but ….well, I will let you go but thank you again.” Brian ended the call with the teacher and called Justin.

“Hey, Bri.  Going to talk dirty to me? I could use a distraction.”

“Damn, I wish I had time.  I have a meeting in a few minutes.  I just wanted to let you know Gus is going to pass English so we can leave a week from Saturday.  Has Lindsay said anything more to you about what’s going on at their house?”

“All I know is there was an incident where Gus didn’t come home by curfew.”

“And they didn’t call us?”

“I think he was brought home by the police before they had a chance.”

“The police? Gus was arrested!” Brian shouted into the phone.

“Babe, he wasn’t charged.  It was a warning.  I will tell you what I know tonight.  Aiden is going to be so excited tonight with tomorrow being his last day of kindergarten. I think he needs this vacation as much as we do.  There has been so much going on.  Once we get to Montana we can all relax.”

“But they should have…”

“It will work out, Brian. Now, go to your meeting.  Is pizza Ok for dinner? Aiden would love it and if Gus decides to come over….”

“Pizza is fine.  Love you.”

“I love you, too.” Justin set his phone down on his desk and turned around to look at the drawing board where his latest project was laid out.  He wasn’t sure how long he had been there when there was a knock on the door. “Come in,” he said as he turned around to see a stressed looking Lindsay walk in.  He got up and walked toward her, putting an arm around her waist and guiding her toward the sofa off to the side.  Once she had sat down he went and grabbed them each a bottle of water before sitting next to her. “What is it, Lindz?”

“I’m sorry.  I know we aren’t co-parents at work but, I know Mel wouldn’t agree, Gus is in trouble. He did get his English project turned in so last night Mel told him he could go to an early movie with his friends.  He didn’t get home until midnight and I don’t know if he was high but he was definitely drunk.”

“And Mel? Did she agree?” 

“Um, Mel wasn’t home.”

“At midnight? In the middle of the week?”

“She has been sleeping at, ah, the office.”

“Whose office might that be?” Justin said before he could stop himself.  “I’m sorry, that wasn’t nice.”

“No, it wasn’t but it is true. I’m glad you are taking Gus away for the month.  I hope by the time Gus returns we will be more settled.  I will be staying in the house and Mel, well she appears to have other lodging planned already. I’m not blaming this all on her.  It has been over for a long time and she is just brave enough to admit it. How do we tell Gus?”

“Do you really think he doesn’t know? He lives with you.”

“But we have never talked…”

“Don’t worry about it.  Brian and I will talk to him while we are gone. Are you going to be able to focus on this place, too? If not I will put someone else in charge while I’m gone.”

“No, I will be fine. I know you are going to be available through emails and calls and you have hired very capable employees. Besides, I will need a distraction without Gus around and with Mel moving out.”

Justin gave her a hug. “I think once this is over, you and Mel will go back to being friends.  It may take a while but I know you both love Gus and will do whatever it takes to do what is best for him. Now, I have to get back to my drawing board so it is ready to turn over to the graphic design department before I leave tomorrow.”

“Justin, thanks.”

“For what?”

“For caring as much about our son as Brian and I do.  And Mel too.”

Once Lindz left, Justin texted Gus, hoping he would come over for dinner.  Aiden asked about him every night. ‘Come for pizza at 6:00? Aiden misses you. We all do.’

Justin went back to work.  It was mid afternoon when his phone sounded.  It was Gus.  All it said was ‘can't’.  Justin responded, ‘Aiden will be sad’.  There was a short pause and then another message came back, ‘I'll come tonight if I don’t have to go to the cabin’.

 Justin sighed, ‘See you Saturday morning, 6:30 a.m.’ He sent the message then sent one more, ‘We love you, Gus’. He waited but realized a response wasn’t coming. He hoped this trip turned out better than he was sure it was going to start.


Brian got home at 6:00 and was welcomed by a bundle of energy.  “Big Daddy, tomorrow I will be a First Grader.  Well, by the end of the day I will be.  On Saturday we are going to our cabin.  I’m glad GC is coming.” Aiden kept talking as he followed Brian up to the master bedroom.  Once Brian had pulled off his suit jacket, Aiden wrapped his arms around Brian’s waist and was silent for a second.

Brian picked Aiden up and gave him a hug in return. Aiden then puckered his lips and waited for Brian to do the same as he kissed his daddy with a loud smack.  “I got a kiss before Daddy did.”  Aiden smiled at him.

“You are always welcome to a kiss, Aiden.  I am going to finish changing clothes.  Can you tell your daddy I could use a drink? Is the pizza here yet?”

“Pizza will be here any minute Daddy said.  I will go tell Daddy to pour you a drink.”

“Shall we eat in front of the TV tonight?”

“Can we?” Aiden hugged him once more and kissed his cheek before Brian set him down and he was gone. 

For a moment Brian gazed out the door. He remembered Gus at that age.  He wished Gus was here tonight.  He had only seen him for a few minutes in the last few weeks and he missed him.  He changed into some comfortable pants and a T-shirt before going down to be with his family.

“Aiden said we are eating in front of the TV tonight?” Justin commented as Brian walked over and kissed him.

“I hope that is alright?”

“Sure, we don’t do that often and Aiden loves it.” Justin handed Brian a bourbon.  “I didn’t think you wanted wine tonight.”

“You read my mind. Did you talk to Lindsay today?” Brian took a sip of his drink just as the doorbell rang.  “Is it paid for?”

“Yes, tip included.” Justin called after Brian as he pulled out the plates.  He looked out the back door and called to Aiden who had gone to play catch with GC.  They both came flying in just as Brian walked in with a large pizza. Soon they were sitting on the floor by the sofa using the coffee table for their drinks. Aiden sat between them and after eating his fill he took turns sitting on one lap and then the other. 

“I was hoping Gus would come have pizza with us.  I haven’t seen him for a lot of days.”

“Well, I invited him but he decided he should stay home since he will be with us in Montana on vacation soon.  I am sure his moms will miss him.” Brian looked at Justin over top of Aiden.  Justin hadn’t told him he had even invited their older son.


As soon as the movie was done Brian and Justin tried to calm Aiden down enough for him to sleep. He did fall asleep about half way through the second story so at that time Brian and Justin left him with GC lying on the floor beside him. They walked downstairs and Brian poured another bourbon for each of them.

“Were you going to tell me you invited Gus for dinner?” Brian dropped onto the sofa. Justin sat a little distance from him turned sideways to talk to him.

“I would have.  There is more to talk about.  Lindsay and Mel are definitely separating.  Mel will completely move out once Gus is with us in Montana.  Gus stayed out until midnight last night and then came home drunk.  Lindz wasn’t sure if he was high or not. Mel wasn’t home.  She was pretty shook up about it.  I think she is finally realizing Gus really could be in trouble.”

“Well, we told them that a month ago!” Brian drained his glass. “And Gus didn’t want to come for pizza?”

“The only way he would come for dinner was if he didn’t have to go to Montana.”

“Shit! I was hoping that he might have just accepted the trip and he always has fun there,” Brian reached for Justin and Justin turned so he could lean against Brian and Brian wrapped his arms around his shoulders, absorbing his warmth. “So what are we going to do about him?”

“I know he is going to hate every second of it but I think we need to make it an electronic free zone most of the time. I know you and I have to check up on our offices but maybe we allow him a half hour of computer or phones a day and TV will only be for family time? Either we all watch or no one does.”

“He is going to hate it.”

“I know but I think soon, without others influencing him, he will start talking to us.  Even if he is hostile at first, I think he will come around.” Justin leaned his head back onto Brian’s shoulder.

“Do you think….what will happen if he is really addicted to something?”

“I think the first chance we get one of us takes the boys for a walk while one of us stays back and searches his stuff.”

“There is going to be hell to pay.  He is going to hate us.”

“Brian, I would rather have him alive and hating us than dead from an overdose. We are his fathers not his friends.”

“Ya, you’re right.  I just want him to be happy and healthy.  Hopefully, we can be friends when he’s grown.” Justin turned in Brian’s arms. “I’m a little worried about Aiden.  I think giving him a little warning might be good but we don’t know exactly what Gus is doing so what can we tell Aiden.”

“Maybe tomorrow we can just tell him some very generic things and tell him that even if Gus gets angry or sullen that none of it is his fault,” Brian said.

“I am done at work at noon tomorrow.  I am really basically done now. I just have to send a couple emails so after I pick Aiden up, I will take him out for ice cream and give him a head’s up, unless you want to be there.”

“That sounds like a great idea.  You will be in an unthreatening place and I know you will tell him enough but not give him a lot of stuff he doesn’t need to know.”

They each had another bourbon as they talked about plans for their vacation.  They wanted to have enough things for Gus to do so he couldn’t say there was nothing to do. They knew there were a lot of games for inside and out, as well as art materials.  Brian had asked the caretaker to get some pot for them.  He had brought them some many times but they were being proactive this time.  If Gus needed something, a joint was the best option.  They planned some hiking trips and a couple overnight trips to a couple nearby vacation spots just that they hoped would be entertaining for Gus and Aiden.  With the boys being nearly 10 years apart it was harder to keep both of them entertained.

After going to bed they made love and afterward, Brian rested his head on Justin’s chest and listened to Justin’s heart beat.  “We are doing the right thing, aren’t we? I mean should we be checking him into a treatment place or a camp for angry youth?”

“Bri, if this is too much for us we can get him some more help.  I actually have looked up a couple places that handle his kinds of issues and there is one of them that is located not too far away from the cabin.  I’m sorry I didn’t tell you but I contacted them.  If we get out there and he is far more out of control than we expect, for Aiden’s sake, I needed to have a backup.”

Brian sat up and looked down at Justin, “So Aiden is more important than Gus? We can just ship off Gus.  Aiden is always going to be more important, isn’t he?”

“Brian, that’s not fair and you know it. I have loved Gus since the day you introduced us.  My heart is breaking for him but Aiden is so little and helpless.  He has a life threatening medical issue. I don’t love him more, I just have to love him differently.” Justin sat up and rested an arm around Brian’s shoulders. At first he pulled away but then he leaned against Justin, “Aiden’s life is always in my hands.  Gus is making his own decisions.” Justin ran his hand along Brian’s jaw and then he lowered his head and kissed him lightly.

“I’m sorry, Sunshine.  I am just so worried about him.  I should have gone to court at Christmas and gotten custody but I let his moms talk me out of it.  Maybe this wouldn’t have happened if…’

“It is not our fault. You are the best father.  I don’t plan on him needing to go away but if he needs more help than we can give, there is a place for him.”

“I know you’re right and I know how much you love and care about Gus.  And you have a right to worry about Aiden.  I worry about that beautiful, little boy all the time but he is so strong, maybe not physically, but mentally, he is stronger than any of us.”

Justin placed his hand on Brian’s cheek and his thumb traced his lips.  He brought his head in close and kissed him. “I love you, Brian.  I love our family.”  Justin kissed him again, this time he pushed him back down on the mattress and straddled him. “What would my life be without you?”

Justin began to make a rocking motion on Brian’s body and slowly he moved further down Brian’s body but when he was ready to position himself to lower himself onto Brian’s erection, Brian rolled over and Justin slowly began to enter him instead.  He moved slowly and deliberately and soon Justin leaned over and as he bit Brian’s ear he thrust once more, climaxing and he felt Brian tighten around him knowing he, too, had cum.

As Justin lay in Brian’s arms as they both fell asleep, Brian mumbled, “I love you, Sunshine.” And they both drifted off to sleep.


The next day was a whirlwind of activities.  Aiden was beyond excited to finish kindergarten.  Justin had dropped him off and promised to be there for the end of the year school picnic at noon.  Justin made sure he had everything wrapped up at work and before he left he stopped in Lindsay’s office.

“Hey, Lindsay, I just wanted to make sure you knew we were picking Gus up at 6:30 tomorrow morning unless you want to drop him by tonight.”

“He has plans with his friends tonight.  I thought he deserved that.  I told him he needed to be by home by 11:00 at the latest.”

“Is he packed? He will mainly need jeans and T-shirts.  A couple pairs of shorts would be good and don’t let him forget a jacket.  It will always chilly in the evening in the mountains. It is easy for a kid to forget that.”

“Yes, I know, Justin! He is my son and he has been doing this for years.  I think he knows what he needs,” Lindsay snapped.

“Well, I guess I will see you early tomorrow morning.” Justin walked toward the door.

“Justin, I’m sorry.  I seem to be saying that to you a lot lately. I will try not to bother you too often while you are on vacation.  I will either email you first thing in the morning or last thing of the day. I’ll only call if it is an emergency.”

“Lindz, I would not have put you in charge if I didn’t think you could handle this. If there is a financial issue contact Ted.  He has banking privileges for the company.” Justin gave her a hug, “Is there anything I can do for you?”

“No, I’ll be fine.  Knowing Gus is with you and having a good time will help a lot. I love my son but right now I think I need just a little time to find me again.”

“I think that is a good idea, Lindz.  You deserve a real life again.”

“Thanks, Justin.  Have a nice time.” 


Justin got to the school on time and Aiden ran full speed into his arms.  “Oh, Daddy, I am so glad you could come today. A lot of kids’ parents couldn’t come because they couldn’t leave work but you work and you came.”

“I wouldn’t have missed it.”

“I didn’t know Big Daddy was coming!” Aiden broke away and ran away.  To Justin’s surprise Brian came walking over, holding Aiden’s hand.

“Brian, what are you doing here?”

“I decided I didn’t want to miss out on the last day of school picnic.  Why should you get to have all the fun,” he kissed Justin’s cheek. “And besides, my afternoon meeting was switched to this morning so I was done with everything.”

Brian and Justin enjoyed watching Aiden as he mingled with his friends and after they had eaten hotdogs from the grill, they asked Aiden if he would like ice cream on the way home.  Of course he did.  Aiden rode with Justin and Brian met them at the small local ice cream shop in their neighborhood.  They each had a small sundae and sat by an outdoor table.

Aiden looked at Justin and then at Brian, “What’s up, guys? You are acting funny.”

“Aiden, we just have something we want to talk to you about,” Justin said, smiling at his son.  “I am sure you have noticed that Gus hasn’t been around a lot lately.”

“I miss him.  He’s coming on vacation with us isn’t he?”

“He is, Aiden, but we just want you to know that if he seems upset or angry it isn’t at you.  Gus has had some things he is worrying about and it has made him feel a little different.  That doesn’t mean he doesn’t love us all just as much, it just means that he is working some stuff out in his own head.”

“What has made Gus upset?”

“It is just something that happens when you get to be his age.  A lot of things are changing and he just is learning to adjust it,” Brian said to Aiden.

“Ok, I won’t bug him if he is in a mood.”

Brian and Justin had to laugh at the tone Aiden used. He sounded so sincere. “I think Gus knows how lucky he is to have such a great little brother.”

“Now that I have finished kindergarten do you think you could say younger brother instead of little? I’m not little anymore.”

“We will do our best, son,” Justin said as he kissed the top of Aiden’s head.


Early on Saturday morning, Brian and Justin loaded their suitcases and GC into the SUV and as they pulled out, Justin texted Gus to say they were on the way.  When he didn’t get a response he texted Lindsay. ‘Not getting a response for Gus. We are on our way.’

When Brian pulled up to Mel and Lindsay’s house, the front light came on and Lindsay stepped out onto the porch. “Hey Lindz,” Justin said as he stepped out of the car.  “Is Gus ready?”

“Oh, Justin, when I got your text I went to make sure he was up and ready but, Justin, he isn’t there.  Gus didn’t come home last night!  What do I do?”

“What the hell do you mean he isn’t here? You didn’t notice our fifteen year old son didn’t come home? What kind of mother are you?”  It was out of Brian’s mouth before he could stop himself.

“Brian, it isn’t my fault.  Mel told him he could go and I agreed.  It was the last day of school.”

“Does Mel know where he is?” Brian looked toward the door.

“She does now.  I texted her.  She will be here in a few minutes.”

“Damn it, Lindsay.  We are trying to help our son and now we don’t even know where he is!”

 

Chapter 3 by Simply written

Chapter 3


“Brian, calm down.  Text Gus and assure him he isn’t in trouble right now but that we need to catch our flight.” Justin said in as calm a voice as he could.  He glanced back and saw Aiden had fallen back to sleep which was a good thing. “You stay with Aiden.  I will go talk to Lindsay.”

Justin approached the house and saw a suitcase and backpack sitting at the door.  “Did Gus put this here or did you?”

Lindsay’s stress showed on her face, “He did. I’m sorry.  I just can’t do this anymore.  Between Mel and Gus, I just can’t anymore.”

“If he put this at the door, he intended to be here.  He intended on coming with us, even if he doesn’t want to.  Let me carry this back to the car and see if he responded to Brian.” Justin picked up the bags and moved toward Brian.  “Did you hear from Gus?”

“No! Nothing.  Where the hell could he be?”

“Brian, he had his suitcase ready.  My guess is he planned on being home sometime before Lindsay got up and instead….”

“Passed out or overdosed before that happened! Damn, Justin, we need to…”

Before Brian could finish his thought Mel pulled up and a very disheveled Gus got out of the passenger side.  “I found him curled up on my porch.” Mel said as she walked up with Gus.

“Gus, get in the car,” Brian’s tone told him this was not the time to say anything. Once he had pulled the door shut Brian looked at Mel, “That’s funny, I thought your porch was at this address.” He turned toward Justin and said, “Let’s go, Sunshine. I need to get out of here.” 

Justin got in the car as did Brian and he backed out, flooring the gas pedal. Gus made a soft moan in the backseat. “Are you alright, Gus?” Justin said softly.

“Do you have any ibuprofen?”

“Sure,” Justin dug through the bag he had for a carryon and, after finding the bottle, he shook out three pills and handed Gus the pills and a bottle of water.  Once he saw him swallow those, he handed Gus a container of crackers. He rested a hand on Brian’s shoulder, seeing the stress on his face. “Eat a few of these, too.  You may not think you want them but a few will help. We can get more snacks for Aiden at the airport.”  His voice was calm and caring. 

“Thanks, Dad.” Gus said and then sat silently and ate and sipped water.

The car was silent for several miles. Justin saw Gus was now also sleeping and he softly said, “Brian, he’s in the car.  We are on our way. We can talk to him once we get there.  Please don’t start something before we get to Montana.

There was silence for a minute, “I have never been so scared as when we didn’t know where he was.  I mean, when Aiden was sick I thought I had felt every emotion but those few moments were a whole different kind of fear.”

“I know, Bri.  We will get this all figured out when we get there. We will get through to him there. We don’t have big blowouts often but while we are here,  let’s remember the situation.  We are adults and if we need to disagree we can do it in our room or outside away from the kids.”

“Remind me if you need to.” Brian kissed Justin’s hand. “I can’t mess this up.”

“You won’t, Brian.  Your heart is in the right place.”


Once they got to the airport a porter took the bags and Aiden’s car seat.  Gus carried GC’s kennel while Justin held GC’s leash.  Brian carried Aiden who was still sleepy and the activity of the airport was a little overwhelming.  Gus still hadn’t said a word but stayed very close to Justin at all times.  Once all their baggage was checked in and GC was checked through with them they sat at the gate and waited.  Gus sat a few seats away and GC sat on the floor next to him with his head on Gus’ thigh. Eventually Gus started stroking his head. Brian glanced over and saw Gus relax a bit as he began to focus on Gray Cub.  They had been best friends for so many years. 

“Big Daddy, how long will we be on the plane? I know you told me but I forgot.  I was a little sleepy when I asked.”

“Well, the first flight will be about two hours and then we will be in Chicago for a couple hours before flying about three more hours.”

“That’s a long time.  What am I going to do with all that time?”

“Well, both your daddy and I have packed some surprises so hopefully that will help.”

 Justin moved over to Gus and sat next to him, “How are you feeling?”

“Ok,” Gus stroked GC’s soft fur. “I think he knows we are going to the cabin.  He loves it up there.”

“Yes, he always has.” GC looked at Justin as Justin also stroked him. “You are such a good boy.  You’ve been coming up here for so many years.’’

“How much trouble am I in?” Gus asked him.

“We’ll talk when we get there,  We’re worried about you, Gus, and you know we love you, right?”

“Ya, I know that but there is nothing to worry about,” Gus became a little defensive.

Justin reached over and ran his fingers through Gus’ curls and noticing activity at their gate said,  “Looks like we will be boarding in a minute.” We actually bought six tickets so we have a full row.  We will let you and GC have one side to start with.” 

“Sounds good.” As Gus made the comment, an announcement came over the loudspeaker and so their trip began.


It was about 3:00 p.m. mountain time when they landed in Butte and as Brian took Aiden to pick up the car, Justin waited for the luggage and Gus took GC to a piece of grass just outside the terminal. They all met up in front of the luggage area and soon they were on their way.  It was now a two hour drive up the mountain.  They decided to stop at a park so Aiden and GC could run around for a bit and they could eat something before the ride to the cabin. By the time they all loaded into the vehicle Aiden and GC were ready for a nap. Aiden reached for Gus’ hand and Gus took his little brother’s hand as they moved down the road.

Once they were sure he was asleep, Justin said, “Gus, you have to be tired. Why don’t you sleep, too.”

“Can we just get it over with? This is killing me.  Yell at me.  Ground me. Well, I guess that really doesn’t make a difference up here. What kind of trouble am I in? When are you going to yell at me?”

“Gus, we are not going to yell at you. We want to help you if we can.” Justin turned as he talked to him.

“What kind of help do I need?”

“Well, we think you are acting out because your moms have made nothing easy for you the last six months.” Justin stated,

“Sunshine is skirting the real issue, What have you been doing, Gus? We know about the booze.  That is obvious but what else have you been doing? Pot? What harder shit have you taken?”  Brian looked at Gus through the rearview mirror.

“Bri, I thought we were going to wait until…”

“Sunshine, we need to clear the air.  Gus, what have you been taking?”

“I’ve just been drinking.  Hell, Mom and Mama don’t do anything but fight anymore. I had to drown out the arguing somehow and there is always something to drink around.”

“So why did you drink at our place,  We weren’t fighting.  It was quiet and peaceful.”

Gus hesitated, trying to think of something to say, “I know I shouldn’t but I had that note from the school and…”

“Gus, I really hope that is all it is.  When I was your age…”

“Please, Dad, not now. I know, you had a horrible childhood. Everything was horrible…”  Gus stopped talking but before Brian could say something else Justin touched Brian’s leg.  The car went silent for the remainder of the ride.

It was after 7:00 when they arrived at the cabin. The sun was about to drop behind a mountain as the car stopped and Gus opened the door to let GC bound out and around the border of the cabin. “Are we here? “ Aiden’s little voice asked.  “Oh, we are! I see the cabin!” Justin lifted Aiden out of his carseat and set him down on the ground as Brian and Gus started lifting bags out of the back while Justin took Aiden into the cabin. Days like this were hard on Aiden and now the time change would take him a while to adjust to.  It was 7:00 here but it was 9:00 back home which was Aiden’s weekend bedtime.  By the time all the luggage was in the house, Aiden was eating a snack.  As Gus brought Justin’s bags into the bedroom, Brian stopped him. 

“Gus, I hope you never feel like we give more attention to Aiden.  You know your brother…”

“Oh, no, Dad.  I am just glad Aiden is doing as well as he is.  He is little and he has that weird blood thing.  You don’t think I would really need that much attention, do you?”

“Gus, I just know what it is like living with parents who didn’t want to be together.”

“Well, Mama has barely been around anyway.”

“And Lindsay doesn’t know how to say no to you.  Gus, has there been more than pot?”

“Gus, can you take me to bed?” Aiden’s voice came from the living room.

“Sure, bro.  I’m coming.” Gus looked at Brian but didn’t say anything before walking out. He went into the living room. “Hey, Aiden, did you get some dinner and take your medicine?”

Justin smiled at Gus’ interaction with his little brother.  He knew his brother needed those things to stay healthy. “Gus, Aiden was hoping you would bring him upstairs to bed and maybe read him a story. When you finish I will have dinner ready for the three of us.”

“Sure, come on, Aiden.  What story do you want me to read? Gus took Aiden’s hand and they walked up side by side.

Brian walked over to Justin and kissed him.  “Damn, I have needed to do that for a while. Aiden’s timing was really bad though.”

“Why’s that?” Justin’s hands slid down Brian’s lower back and stopped on his firm ass.

“I think he might have told me what he’s been playing with.  Just when I asked, Aiden called. He didn’t deny the pot but,....”

“But he probably has been doing more.  I looked through his backpack and didn’t see anything in there.  My thought is he was too nervous to take any along.” Justin kissed Brian once more.
“I better get something together for dinner.”

“Ok, and I am going outside just to do a quick check around,” Brian kissed Justin once more.  “God, I am so ready for the next few weeks.  I love you, Justin.” His hand traveled down to Justin’s ass and pulled him close. “I’ll make sure the hot tub is cranked up out there.”

“Love you, too,” Justin said as Brian took a step back and then moved toward the door.  “Hey, Bri, see if GC will come in.   He’s not as young as he used to be and he’s had a long day, not to mention we had drugged him a bit.” Brian nodded as he moved out the door.


Gus sat on Aiden’s bed with an arm around him and after Gus had finished the first story he said, “One more, bro.  What one do you want?”

Aiden laid his head down on Gus’ lap, “Gus, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure, ask away.”

“Are you mad at me or our dads?” Aiden laid down on his back and looked up at Gus.  “I heard our dads talk about you.  They said you didn’t want to come home.”

Gus was silent for a minute, “Oh, bro, it doesn’t have anything to do with you or our dads.”

“They seem sad when they talk about you even if they didn’t do it when they knew I was listening.  I’m not a baby anymore.  They can tell me stuff. So can you, Gus.  Do you need to tell me something?”

“Oh, Aiden, you don’t have to worry about me.  I’m fine.  Now, one more story or are you ready for sleep?”  As if on cue, GC walked in and jumped on the bed next to Aiden.  “Looks like our boy is tired.”

“So am I.  I love you, Gus.” Aiden got on his knees and gave Gus a hug. He then dropped on the bed putting one arm around the dog.

“Oh, I love you, too, Aid.  I will see you in the morning and remember, if you wake up and need something, I will be right across the hall.”

“Thanks, Gus.” Gus covered his little brother with a blanket and kissed his temple before heading downstairs.

Gus came downstairs to find Brian setting the table and Justin pouring some wine.  Gus poured himself a bottle of water and set it by the place he would sit.  “What are we having?” Gus lifted the lid and looked in the pan. 

“It is chili.  Not the way I make it but it is definitely good.  I made some cheese bread, too. Why don’t you grab the pot and set it on the table.  The handles aren’t hot.” Gus carried the pan to the table while Justin took the bread out of the oven and the three men sat down to eat.  Brian dished up a bowl for each and everyone took some bread. 

Brian and Justin talked about some of the plans they had for the next few weeks. They said they weren’t going anywhere this week but next week they were spending a couple nights away. “You mean we aren’t going to town at all this week?”  There was an edge to Gus’ voice.

“No, we made sure there was plenty of supplies here so….”

“But you didn’t ask me if I had everything I would need.  I thought we would be going to the small crossroads at least! I really need….”  Gus stopped talking, looking down at his bowl and taking another bite of the soup.

“Gus, what do you need? Maybe we have extra somewhere,” Justin said calmly.

“I...no, I mean, maybe but…” Gus reached for his water and his hand trembled a little bit. 

“Gus, I think we need to talk about this.  Where were you last night?’

“Out,” Gus started eating faster.

“That isn’t an answer and you know it.  You were supposed to be home before midnight.  You got home at 7:00.”

“I was with friends.”

“Gus,” Justin reached out and touched Gus’ arms.  “We don’t want to fight.  We want to help you if you need help and if you don’t need help, we want to understand that.”

“I just went out drinking with my friends. I just knew Mom would have a melt down so I knew where Mama was spending her time so I just went there and fell asleep. No big deal.”

“No big deal? We didn’t know where you were!” Brian’s voice was rising.

“You pulled this shit when you were my age.  You told me that.”

“Gus, your dad isn’t trying to say that he was perfect.  He just knows what kind of trouble is out there.” Gus’ shakily took another sip of water. Justin took his hand and felt a slight tremor. “What worries you right now? Is it knowing you don’t have any booze with you or do you need something stronger?”

“I don’t NEED anything!”  Gus pulled his hand out of Justin’s 

“Watch it, Gus!” Brian said in a threatening tone. “Don’t go where you are heading.”

“I know, Dad, your precious husband is fragile.” Both Justin and Brian just stared at him. “I’m the fuck up.  I have two sets of parents.  Two of them can’t stand to be in the same room with each other and the other two can’t bear to be in different rooms. Why don’t I leave you two alone to…” his chair tipped as he stood in a hurry.

“Gus, sit down,” Brian said low and menacingly.

Gus set the chair back up and sat down.  Brian refilled his glass and set it close to his son. “Gus, drinking doesn’t make me happy but I understand.  The recklessness and disrespect, I won’t tolerate that.” 

Without thinking about it, Gus reached out and drained Brian’s wine glass. “Oh, shit. I didn’t mean to…”

“Gus, we aren’t angry.  We are worried.  Are you alright for tonight?” Justin reached for Brian’s hand and squeezed it.

“Ya, I’m really tired.  I didn’t get much sleep last night and…”

“Why don’t you go ahead up to bed.  We are going to be in the hot tub for a bit, in case you or Aiden need us in the next hour.”

Gus got up slowly this time, “Ok, I can help Aiden if he needs anything.”

“Of course you can, Gus.  We know you love your brother.”

“Good night,” he said softly as he pulled a bottle of water out of the fridge and he walked toward the stairs.

Brian went to get their robes as Justin quickly cleared the table and then they both dropped their clothes and walked outside naked with the robes over their arms. The air was nippy so they hung the robes on hooks before slipping into the warm, steaming water.  They didn’t say anything but Brian stretched out on the lounger built into the hot tub and Justin stretched out next to him. Brian wrapped his arms around him and held him tight.  They laid there without talking for at least ten minutes. They kissed from time to time but mostly they just were. 

Finally, Brian said, “Do you think he needed that wine tonight?”

“I think his nerves thought they did.  I think he has started using the alcohol to calm his nerves. Face it, it is easy to get a hold of.  It wouldn’t be hard to get a bottle at either of his homes.”

“So, is he an alcoholic?” Brian kissed Justin’s forehead.

“Oh, Brian, I wish I could answer that but I don’t think so.  I think he relies on it.  It’s his security blanket right now.  It takes the edge off.  It helps him forget, but does he need it?  I hope not.” Justin moved one leg to the other side of Brian and repositioned them both so they were both chest deep in the warm water. He then began to rock, kissing Brian with each movement. The longer he did this the more they both needed. Their cocks grew firm and then hard.  

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin tightly and their lips hungrily fed on each other.  Justin’s hand slipped between them and in one hand he held Brian’s cock while his other hand wrapped around his own. Using Brian’s arms to balance against he began an even stroke on both of them and between Justin’s hands and all the other physical contact soon had them both cumming. Brian tightened his arms around Justin, holding him tightly against his body.  

“I would have messed up everything tonight.  Gus and I would both have just yelled and stopped communicating.”

“Brian, he knows we both love him and he knows we are here for him.  He just has to work through some stuff and pushing anything at this point isn’t going to help anything.”

“I know but you always seem to know what to do.”  Brian felt Justin shivered.  “You’re getting cold and so am I, not to mention tired. Let’s go in and go to bed.  It’s been a long day.” 

The temperature had dropped dramatically while they had been in there and they quickly wrapped up in robes. “Did you notice the sky?” Justin asked just as the heavens opened in a downpour. They threw the cover over the spa and rushed in.

Brian and Justin looked at each other and started laughing. They stripped off their soaked robes and laid them over chairs as they rushed back to the bedroom. There was a small fire burning in the stove that was located there.  They had remodeled the room but had decided to keep the stove.  It had probably saved their lives, not to mention warmed their hearts as they fell in love.

“When did you start that,” Justin said as he wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck while they stood in front of the warmth.

“I literally threw in a couple logs and a match with a little kindling and hoped it would start when I grabbed the robes. I had no idea we would be frozen when we returned.  I expected to be very warm,” he pulled Justin close.

“I don’t think that will be a problem for long,” Justin pulled Brian’s head down so their lips would meet. When they separated Justin whispered, “Too bad I am too tired to do anything but sleep. Let’s slide in between those sheets and see how long Aid will let us sleep.”

Soon, under the warmth of the blankets in each other’s arms, they both fell sound asleep.


As the night went on so did the storm. There was low rumbling thunder in the distance.  Gus had been asleep but now he lay in the bed listening to the sounds outside the window. He always loved hearing a wolf in the distance but with the storm, it was a little bit eerie. He didn’t have music to listen to and his mind kept going over the conversation with his dads. He could really use a joint.  He didn’t dare bring any with him but it had been a long time since he had gone a day without a smoke. The thunder got a little louder and then Gus heard the softest sound.  He thought he was imagining it.

“Gus,” a whisper came from the side of the bed, “is it a storm?”

“I think it is just a little rain.”

“Gus, I don’t like the thunder very much.” Just then there was a louder crack and Aiden jumped into bed next to Gus and grabbed his arm.  “I’m sorry.  I’ll go back to my room.” There was another rumble.  “Or maybe I’ll go see if our daddies are scared.  I think it’s louder ‘cause we are high on the mountain.”

“You know, Aiden, I’m a little scared.  Could you stay here with me?”

“Are you really scared?”

“There is plenty of room here for both of us.”

“Ok, I’ll stay here just until the storm moves away.”  Aiden said as he snuggled up against his big brother.  Gus wrapped his arms around his little brother and kissed the top of his head. “Gus, I bet you aren’t scared of anythig.”

“Oh, Aid, you would be so wrong.  I’m scared of all kinds of things.” 

“You don’t have to be scared when I’m here and our dads are, too.” Aiden rested his head on Gus’ arm and he fell right to sleep.  It wasn’t long before Gus joined him in a deep sleep.


Brian and Justin lay there, holding hands. “I can’t believe Aiden hasn’t joined us yet,”  Brian said as he tugged the blankets up a little further.

“I”m going to go check on him.  Maybe he is too scared to come down.  I mean he isn’t really familiar with this place.”

“I’ll go with you,” Brian said as he sat up. “We should check and make sure we aren’t in for dangerous weather.” They quickly pulled on T-shirts and shorts and moved through the house and up the stairs.  

Justin peeked in at Aiden’s bed while Brian looked in on Gus. Justin rushed over to Brian, “He’s gone.  Brian, where is he? He wouldn’t have gone downstairs would he?” Justin grabbed Brian’s T-shirt.

“Shhh, sunshine,” he turned Justin around so he could see into Gus’ room.  There was Aiden tucked under Gus’ arm.  They silently shut the door again and as  soon as they got downstairs, Justin pulled Brian against him. Brian held onto him tightly.  “Gus is still in there, isn’t he? He really does still know how to love.”

“Brian, I’m not saying he doesn’t have things to work through but our sweet Gus is still in there.”

“Yes, he is,” Brian agreed.

After verifying it was just an average storm moving through they went back to bed and wrapped in each other’s arms they fell back to sleep.

As the sun crept over the mountains, Aiden crept into his dads’ bedroom and into their bed.  “Daddy, are you awake?”  Brian’s arms slipped out from under the blanket and pulled Aiden under the blanket as he squealed.   “Big Daddy you scared me!” Aiden giggled as he put his arms around Brian’s neck and gave him a big hug.

“You must have been brave last night. I thought you might sleep between us.”

“Gus told me I could bother him.”

“I don’t think you bothered him at all.”

“He is brave.  The thunder didn’t make him scared at all.”

Justin reached around and snuggled up against Aiden, kissing him in his neck, making him giggle more. “Good morning, my lovely.  Did you sleep well with your big brother?”

“I did but the thunder scared me.”

“Well, Aid, it scared Big Daddy a little bit, too.” Justin winked at Brian.

“Oh, I was, but your daddy held me close and I wasn’t scared anymore.  He always makes me feel better.” Brian reached over and ran his hand over Justin’s cheek and then down his arm, sending a shiver through him.

“Well, Aiden, let’s go get you some breakfast and give you your medicine. Then we will talk about the fun we will have today.”  

Aiden jumped out of bed and stood at the door, “Are you coming, Daddy?”

“Let me kiss Big Daddy good morning and then I will be there.” Justin slid up against Brian and pressed his body tightly against him, “Good morning,” the kiss was long and sweet. Brian’s arm pulled him in close and they both began to respond. Justin backed off a little bit. “I have got to get Aiden breakfast so he can take his meds. Hopefully, Aiden and Gus can play a game later this morning.”

“So we can hide the pickle?” Brian asked.  

Justin started laughing, “I’d love to play hide the pickle a little later.” Justin kissed him once more before getting out of bed and slipping into slippers since the floor was chilly this morning. He hoped his robe was dry in the kitchen. 

Soon the kitchen smelled of bacon and Justin was mixing up batter for muffins.  As he put those into the oven with the bacon, Brian came into the kitchen with GC at his side.  “Come on, boy, I am sure you need the bathroom. Don’t go into the woods,” Brian said as the dog ran outside.

“Daddy, what would happen if GC went into the woods?” Aiden asked him.

“Probably absolutely nothing but there are wolves and bears out there and I would rather not have GC have to deal with them.”

“Aiden, here is your medicine.  Go ahead and take it.  I am getting the bacon out now and maybe if I give your daddy a kiss he will make his special scrambled eggs.” Justin ran his hand over Brian’s ass and kissed him.

“I think I can manage that.  What do you want in the eggs today, Aid?”

“Can we have cheese and onions and peppers?”

“I am sure we have that,” Justin started looking in the fridge. 

“Gus, you’re awake!” Aiden said, smiling at Gus, standing in the door.

“Morning.” Gus said groggily.

“We are having bacon and muffins and Big Daddy’s special scrambled eggs.”

“Morning, Gus,” Justin kissed his tousled hair.  “Are you ok with onions, peppers, and cheese in your eggs?”

“Sure, sounds good.” As Gus walked toward the table, Brian stepped close to Gus and Gus kissed his cheek.

“Did you sleep well?” Brian asked him, glancing at Aiden.

“Ya, it was fine.”

“Thanks for letting your brother in bed with you.”

“He hogs the bed a lot less than….” Gus stopped talking. He walked over and sat down on the table.

Justin walked over to the oven where Brian was standing making the eggs and, after taking the muffins out, he softly said, “Who’s he been in bed with?”  He knew Aiden’s chatter was distracting Gus enough not to hear his dads.

“Something to find out,” Brian  said under his breath.  Soon everyone was sitting at the table eating and laughing.  Gus looked much more relaxed today. He didn’t look happy when they informed him the internet was not going to be up for more than 30 minutes a day and there was no phone reception up at the cabin.

“Are you kidding? What am I supposed to do all day?”

“You are on a beautiful mountain with trails and we have a closet full of activities,” Justin through out.

“But, my friends….”

“When the internet is up this afternoon you will just have to let them know you are not available.  We have to check on our businesses or we wouldn’t have the internet up at all,” Brian said with enough power that Gus knew this was not to be questioned right now.  

Once breakfast was done and everyone helped clean up the kitchen, they all headed outside.  Each family member had a walkie talkie they kept on them when they went outside. Obviously Aiden wouldn’t be left alone but they had found this was the best way to connect when they were out on the mountain. 

Soon Gus had forgotten he was upset and, with Aiden pulling him along, they went exploring the out buildings.  Gus remembered being Aiden’s age and he went to show him all his favorite spots.  In the back of the old barn there was a cross between a clubhouse and treehouse.  When the barn needed repairs, Brian and Justin had turned a corner of the haymow  into every boy’s dream place to hang out.  Once Brian and Justin realized Gus and Aiden might be occupied for a while, Brian used the walkie to talk to Gus. “Gus, you hear me?”

“Ya, Dad, it is loud and clear.”

“You going to be out there a while?”

“Probably,” Gus replied.

“Can you give us a heads up when you are coming back?”

They could almost hear Gus roll his eyes, “Ok.”  And the walkie went silent.

“Think he knows what we are going to be doing?” Justin asked as they went into the house.

“I have no doubt.  I just kind of hope he hasn’t been doing it himself yet.  A girl and his moms…..that would explain the need for alcohol and pot.”

“We can ask him later but right now…”  Brian pushed Justin toward the bedroom as he started pulling Justin’s shirt off.

“Gus, did you really play here when you were my age?”

‘Well, I think I was in second grade so I was just a little older than you.”

Aiden walked around looking at the paintings on the wall and then he went out on the tree house section that was extended above the forest floor.  “Gus, have you ever seen a bear out here?”

Gus smirked and wandered out to the platform.  “Oh, sure.  One time I was stuck up here for a long time because of a bear.” Gus pointed to the side of the barn where a tree had scratched the paint.  “Do you see those marks? That bear tried to get me over and over.”

Aiden’s eyes were huge, “Really? A bear tried to come up here? Were you scared?” 

Gus noticed Aiden moving from the edge and sliding toward the door. “Oh, bro,” Gus smiled, “I was just kidding.” Gus dropped on one knee and put his arm around him.  “I have seen a bear from here before but he wasn’t very big.”

“Did he….the scratches on the wall….did he make those?”

“No.  See that tree stump?” Gus pointed to the ragged bottom where a tree used to stand.

“Ya?” Aiden walked to the railing holding on to Gus’ hand. 

“That tree fell down once when we weren’t here and made the marks on the barn.”

“You scared me and tricked me!” Aiden turned, crossed his arms on his chest and stomped into the barn.

“Oh, Aiden, I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to scare you.  I was just …”  Gus followed him into the building.  Aiden dropped face first onto the old sofa that was up there and plumes of dust floated up. Aiden stifled a cough. “Aiden….”

Aiden made sounds of crying so Gus moved closer, sitting next to him as Aiden made soft crying noises.  “Please, bro, I don’t know what to do with tears.  And I have seen way too many of those lately.” Gus’ shoulders sank as he went to hug his brother.  

Just then Aiden turned over laughing loudly, holding his stomach as he rolled back and forth.

Gus dropped down next to Aiden and started laughing. “You got me. Can I tell you something, Aid?”

“Sure,” Aiden propped himself up on one elboy and looked at him.

“Last night you said I don’t get scared but that isn’t true.  I get scared all the time.”

“What do you get scared about?”

“Well, I wasn’t working very hard at school so I was worried what my parents would say when they saw my report card.  I know that was my fault.”

“What else makes you scared?” Aiden asked.

“Oh, it is silly.  I know our dads love me and I know they love each other,” softly he added, “in fact they are loving each other right now.” 

“So our dads make you scared?”

“No, except when I know I did something stupid.  I’m a little scared because my moms don’t love each other anymore and I don’t know what will happen.  I don’t know if they will fight over me or if neither of them will even want me.”

“You can come live with us all the time. I promise I wouldn’t bug you like I do sometimes.  I know you don’t like that.”

“Oh, Aiden, I shouldn’t even be saying this stuff to you.  You are a good little kid.  And I know I get mad at our dads sometimes but it is my fault not theirs. How about  you and I play a game?  I bet there are some in this cupboard over here.”

“Can we play outside on the treehouse?”  Aiden asked.

“Sure, let’s see what is here.”


Justin’s tongue trailed down Brian’s spine sending a shiver through his long, lean body. His hands began to massage Brian’s ass as his tongue worked its way around his bud, working to invade him. 

“Justin, please, screw me.  Oh, god, that feels so amazing.  Take me, Sunshine.”

Brian didn’t have to ask him again.  Brian moved to his side and bent his top leg giving Justin easier access. Justin  positioned himself and then as he gently bit Brian’s neck he plunged into him. He stayed still as Brian’s body adjusted and then he began to move slowly.  Soon, Brian was thrusting backward, meeting Justin, bringing them higher and higher until they both gave in to the pure pleasure they could only find together.

After collapsing on top of each other, Justin rolled off of him and Brian pulled him close, “How much time do you think we will have?”

“We should probably get a quick shower. I don’t want to use Gus for too long.  That isn’t fair to him.” Justin said as he got out of bed, “I’ll let him know so if he tries to call in the next 30 minutes we may not be available.”

“I’ll do that.  Go start the water,” Brian sat on the edge of the bed, pulling Justin between his legs for one more kiss. “Damn, I love this place and I love you,” Brian said as Justin walked away. Brian picked up the walkie and said, “Big Daddy calling Aiden.  Aiden are you taking care of your brother?”

As soon as he heard the click on the other end he heard a giggle. “He’s taking care of me, Big Daddy!” 

“Hey, will you pass the walkie to your brother?”  Brian smiled.

“Ya?”

“We just wanted you to know we are taking a shower and then we will come out unless you have made your way in by then.”

“What kind of shower? A shower to get clean or a shower to…”

“Thirty minutes is enough for you to know,” Brian smiled, “What are you two doing out there?”

“Fighting bears,” Aiden’s voice came across and then it went dead.  

 “Brian, you coming?” Justin’s voice came from the other room. 

Brian’s cock began to rise, picturing water running down Justin’s body as he strode to the bathroom. It was now Justin’s turn and soon Brian was buried deep into his favorite tunnel.  Justin arched back against him and then braced himself on the tiled wall. Brian moved slowly, getting the most pleasure possible. As they came closer to climaxing Brian put his hands over Justin’s and their fingers entwined.

After taking a few minutes in each other's arms, they quickly washed off and got dressed.  “You know one of us has to talk to Gus.  Do you want me to…’

“No, I have this. You would probably be better at it than I am but…”  

“I understand,” Justin kissed him. “We both love both our sons but, we both take a little more ownership in the one we actually physically helped bring into the world. Where do you want to talk to him?”

“I wanted to check out the back corner of the property.  I want to check out the property.  I think we will take the ATV to see if we can figure out the best place to add the small cabin.”

“Bri, be gentle.  I think he is really hurting.”

“I agree.  I think the insecurity is coming out as anger.  What are you going to do with Aiden?”

“I was thinking we might walk over and see if there are berries in that little berry patch.  You know what one I am talking about, right?” They walked across the lawn hand in hand.

“Just be careful.  You know the bears are out and about and they like those berries, too.”

“I’ll have the walkie with us, and yes, we will be careful.”

 Gus and Aiden were just coming out of the barn as they approached. Aiden was covered with dust and even had some spider webs in his hair. “Hey, Aiden, how would you like to go berry picking with me.”

“Really? Can we take the ATV?”

“I thought we would walk this time.  It is close and Brian and Gus are going to use the ATV but I am sure later you can take a ride,”  Justin said as he led Aiden away.

Gus was already tensing up, “Dad, I don’t want to…”

“Gus, let’s go for a ride.  I need to check out a couple things at the back of the property.”

As they walked into the shed where they kept the ATV, Brian turned on the engine and it kicked right off. “Do you want to drive?” Brian asked, knowing the answer as he walked to the passenger side of the cart.

Gus had done some driving up here the last couple summers so Brian let him pull out. “Take your time at first. Go slow.  It has been almost a year since you have driven this.”


Justin and Aiden grabbed a basket at the house and walked, hand in hand, toward the nearby hill.  “Daddy, are there bears out here?”

“There could be but they usually don’t want anything to do with us and there are usually lots of berries here so we can share.”

“What are we going to make with them?”

“Well, let’s go see what kinds are ready and then we can talk about what we will make.” Justin said as they neared the patch.


Brian directed Gus as he drove toward the back of the property.  “Dad, what are you going to have built back here?”

“We aren’t sure we are going to do it but we are thinking about a little guest house.  As you and Aiden grow someday you may have families and the cabin isn’t big enough for a lot of people.

Brian directed him to stop and as they got out they walked side by side, checking out the grounds, finding the stakes that the caretaker had put out. After Brian had checked out the markers for the size, Brian dropped down on a log and patted the spot next to him. 

 

Gus slunk over and sat down next to him, a little afraid of what his dad was going to say but the words that came out surprised him, “Gus, who's the girl you’ve been sleeping with?”  Gus nearly fell off the log as he caught his breath. “And have you been doing any other drugs other than pot?”


Chapter 4 by Simply written

Chapter 4



“Gus, Justin and I are worried about you. So are your moms.” Before Brian could continue Gus was on his feet.

“My moms are too busy hating each other and I don’t need anyone worrying about me.  I’m not doing anything that needs worrying.  I can handle myself,” Gus’ words were hard.  “And my moms have told me what you were like when you were young.  You are just fine.” He was defiant but couldn’t look at his dad.

Brian walked up behind him, “Gus, I know I wasn’t perfect but I don’t want you to have to go through what I went through. I want you to know your parents are really here for you and if your moms can't do that right now, Justin and I are here.  We love you and we know you are being reckless right now.”

“I’m not stupid!” He whipped around and stared at Brian.

“We know you aren’t stupid.  That is why when your grades crashed we were sure you were over your head in something. Now is it drugs, girls, or both? I could only pray it was boys,” Brian smiled trying to lighten the mood a bit.  He reached out to brush Gus’ curls out of his eyes with his fingers but Gus wrenched away.

“I am fine!”

“You have been so amazing with your brother but last night your need for alcohol was obvious when you drained my glass.”  Gus started opening his mouth but Brian stopped him, “I don’t think you are an alcoholic. You don’t have the signs but I think you have been using it to deal with the pain and we are fairly sure you are using pot in some form.”

“Well, I don’t have any here, do I?” Gus was very defensive now.

“We don’t know, did you?”

“How could I get on the plane?”

“Are you using anything besides pot?” The look on Gus’ face had Brian continue, ”Gus, we want to help you, not make your life more tenuous.  We came here hoping being aways from that crew you call friends….”

“They are my friends.  They are always there for me and they like me the way I am.  They would never try to change me.” Gus started walking away but Brian took his arm and stopped him.

“Gus, don’t you see they already have?”  With that Gus ripped away from him and sprinted toward the old trail that goes into the woods. Brian thought about calling after him but he had his walkie on him and he had been coming up here since he was Aiden’s age.  He was smart when it came to the mountain and he was sure he wasn’t so mad that he wouldn’t call if he was in trouble.


Justin and Aiden found plenty of blueberries and some strawberries. After they picked plenty for some baked treats and snacking they also went to a nearby area that had several berry bushes including blackberries and raspberries as well as another one that they knew were safe to eat but could never remember the name of.  Out of the corner of his eye, Justin saw something moving.  He slowly looked to the side and realized it was Gus trying to hide. 

“Aid, I think we have enough.  Let’s head back to the house.”

Brian finished up what he wanted to do at this site and then drove toward the meadow where Justin and Aiden were.  His timing was perfect as Justin and Aiden were just clearing the tree line at the edge of the grass.  

Justin walked over to Brian and kissing him.  His mind went to their lovemaking and he felt love rush over him.  “Brian, why don’t you take the berries and Aiden back to the house.  I am sure Aiden is getting hungry.” He brought his lips to Brian’s ear and softly said, “Gus is by the berry bushes.” A little louder he said, “You guys get lunch ready for Gus and me.”

“Watch out for bears, Daddy!”

“I will, Aiden.  Pick something good for lunch and this afternoon we will make something with the berries.”  With that Justin jogged back into the woods while Brian steered toward the house.

Justin slowed as he neared the bolder he was sure he would find Gus on.  As he turned a little curve in the path, he found he was right. Gus had picked a handful of berries and they sat next to him on the stone next to him. He hadn’t noticed Justin yet and he watched Gus pop one of the berries in his mouth and pull a face, “Did you forget how tart they can be this time of year?”
Gus jumped to his feet when Justin spoke.  “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Gus sat down and his shoulders slumped, “You just surprised me. You’re not going to yell at me, too, are you?”

Justin sat next to him, “Did he really yell at you?”

“No, he didn’t yell at all,” Gus said softly as he popped another berry in his mouth.

“Gus, did you tell him what you were up to?”

“I’m not up to anything!” Gus started to jump up but Justin reached out and took his hand.

“Gus…”

“I know, I know.  You both love me and only want what is best for me.”

“Do you believe that?”

“Ya, I know.”

Justin put his arm around Gus’ waist and Gus dropped his head on Justin’s shoulder. They sat there several minutes just as they were. “Want to talk about it?”

“It's mainly my moms. They hate each other and I’m stuck in between. They treat me like I am Aiden’s age.  And you and Dad have enough to worry about with Aiden.”

“Gus, you are equally as important to us.  In fact, knowing you are hurting is harder on us then if you would come to us.  Are you willing to come live with us when we get back to Pittsburgh? Mel has already moved out and Lindsay, well, I have seen how stressed she is over all of this.”

“And I have only made it worse!”

“That isn’t what I was trying to say.  They started all this.  Could you have made it a little bit more difficult? Probably but if they had been paying attention, they would have seen you struggling, too, and you are staying away from us because your friends convinced you staying at your moms place with no supervision was your best choice.” Gus shrugged.  “Brian is going to insist you stay with us for the summer anyway.  Please try to see why this is best for everyone.  By fall, your moms should have worked out some things and…”

“But Mom might need me. Mama Mel has already gotten a new girlfriend.  It’s not really her fault.  They were done a long time ago but she was brave enough to move on.  I’m worried about Mom.  I can’t just leave her alone.”

“We know you want to be there for your mom, too.  If you are willing to spend more time with us, I am sure we will be able to work something out.  We know she may need you sometimes but remember, Gus, you don’t need to fix it.  That isn’t your job.”

“But I feel like it is, sometimes.”

“How about we put this on hold for now? You think about it.  I will tell your dad what we talked about and before we go home I am sure we will talk more. I’m getting hungry.  How about you?”

“I am getting a little hungry. Thanks, Dad.” Gus popped the rest of the berries in his mouth and Justin rested his arm on Gus’ shoulder as they walked toward the cabin.  Justin smiled as Gus’ arm dropped on his shoulder, too.


The days got into a pattern. Gus and Aiden often spent the morning together in their barn fort while Justin and Brian had some private time.  Some days they did make love and laid around in bed but other days they drank coffee and just talked.  They talked about their family and their future. After they ate lunch, Aiden was required to relax with a book or take a nap while the rest had access to the internet.  Brian and Justin made contact with their offices while Gus caught up with his friends.  Both Brian and Justin noticed after the internet time, Gus was often quiet and sullen afterwards.  By Friday Brian and Justin decided they needed to talk to him. 

After Aiden had gone out on the front porch and laid down with a book in the hammock, Gus sat down with his computer and said, “Hey, are you going to turn on the internet or what?”

“We will in a few minutes, Gus.  We want to talk to you for a minute.”  Gus rolled his eyes as Justin sat next to him.  “We noticed something the last few days.  Every afternoon after you spend time messaging with your friends it takes a couple hours for you to….

“Gus, you’re a bitch after you have been online.  You are sullen and rude,” Brian blurted out.

“I’m sorry I can’t be the perfect son you want me to be!  My friends say I shouldn’t even try.  I mean I take care of the kid everyday so you can fuck for a couple hours and what do I get out of it?”

“I thought you liked playing in the barn fort,” Aiden stood just inside the door.  “I thought…. I thought we had fun.” Aiden looked between Justin and Gus and then ran into Brian’s arms since he wasn’t sitting next to Gus. He wouldn’t look at Justin or Gus and laid his head down on Brian’s shoulder with his arms tightly around Brian. He sobbed.  Brian shot daggers at Gus and then nodded at Justin as he stood with their youngest son and he went out on the porch with him.

Justin looked at Gus whose expression went between pain and hostility. “Gus,” Justin said very softly, “you don’t realize it but these guys you call your friends are only going to hurt you.  Right now they hurt your brother. Those weren’t your words. They were things your so-called friends told you to say.”

“I told them he wasn’t a problem.  Damn! Why did he have to hear that? I didn’t mean it that way. I just wanted to get online and talk to the gang. They keep asking why I can’t talk more. They tell me about all the stuff they are pulling off….the stuff they are doing while I’m gone.”

“Gus, don’t you see how wrong what you are saying is. You are talking about missing out on illegal activities.  I don’t want to know what you have been involved in. I am just really hoping you haven’t hurt anyone.  Gus, can’t you see how much more important family is than those thugs?”

“I’m not going to get online today, am I?”

“Actually, you are.  You are going on right now and tell your ‘friend’,” Justin said the word with pure hate for the pain those boys caused his little son.  Justin took Gus’ computer and typed in the password for the internet. “Message them now.  Let them know you will be without wifi for the next 10 days.  That will include this weekend and all next week.  We are going to be gone for most of next week anyway.  You have five minutes.”

Justin saw Brian talking softly to Aiden while Aiden asked Brian questions.  He couldn’t hear what they were saying but he could see hurt and confusion on Aiden’s face and, to be honest, he saw the same emotions on Brian’s.  Brian was so hurt and confused that their oldest son would say things that would hurt that little boy so much. And Aiden loved him so much.

Brian sat in a rocker trying to sooth Aiden who just continued to cry.  He spoke softly and rubbed his back as he rocked. “Big Daddy, does Gus really not like me?” He took a deep, choking breath, trying to get his emotions under control. “Do you make him play with me while you and Daddy fuck? And what does that mean?”

“I don’t think Gus actually feels that way but he will have to talk to you so you can ask him those questions.” Brian hugged the little boy close, and said, “As for what Daddy and I do while you are with Gus, you know how much your Daddy and I love each other, right?” Gus nodded. “Well, the word fuck is used when people get really close but they don’t love each other.  So your Daddy and I sometimes make love but sometimes we talk about our silly little boy who we love more than everything else in the world or our big boy who is struggling with life right now.”

“Is it because his mommies don’t love each other anymore?”  Aiden asked, looking up into Brian’s face

“Did he tell you that?” Brian was surprised Aiden knew that.

“He did.  He said he was sad because they aren’t happy together and that makes him sad. I don’t think he really hates me.  He is too nice to me most of the time.  I think he just hurts so he wants others to hurt, too.”

“Oh, Aiden you are far too smart for a kindergartener.”

“Well, Big Daddy, I am a first grader now.”

“So you are, Aiden.” He tilted his head back and laughed loudly, “Yes, you are.”


A half hour later, Brian and Justin were working at the kitchen table on their computers.  Aiden was asleep in the hammock, and Gus was outside roaming around the grounds with GC. “Justin, I have to say we must be doing something right because Aiden is so more mature than I am.  Gus had told him about his mothers breaking up and our baby said he was sure he didn’t really want to hurt him.  And what happened with Gus?”

“I told him he would not be on the internet at all for the next entire week.  I told him he changed everyday after talking to them online and not for the better. I will not apologize but I will talk to him later.”

“I just hope Gus realizes what is really important. I just want to threaten those boys within an inch of their lives to stay away from him but I know I can’t do that. We can’t choose his friends.”  Brian and Justin both went quiet and got busy on their own work.


Gus had found a place to sit under a tree and leaned against the trunk.  He would throw a tennis ball and GC would bring it back.  He kept thinking about his brother’s face.  Why had he said that? Even if he felt like his dads screwed way too much, it was better than them fighting all the time like his moms.  

When GC lost interest Gus’ his mind wandered over to Cassandra. She was so hot and just thinking about her made his cock respond.  He thought back to the first time he slipped off her top and her mocha colored skin glowed in the moonlight.  He knew she was probably a little too old for him but she knew just what to do to help him relax.  He hadn’t actually screwed her yet but they had come really close.  She had given him several blow jobs and he had gotten her off before, too. They had lied to his friends.  They all thought they already had ‘gone all the way’ but Cassandra always said she wasn’t ready and he was good with that.  She said she hadn’t been with anyone but she was in college so he would be surprised if she really was a virgin.  When he was old, in 20 years, he would remember his first girlfriend and he wouldn’t care if he was her first or not.  


Without him noticing Aiden had walked over and sat next to him, He laid his small hand onto Gus’ larger one. Gus jumped.  “What the…. Oh, Aiden….” Gus went silent. He didn’t know exactly what to say. As they sat there in silence, Aiden slid over so the side of their legs were pressed together.

“Gus?”

“Ya, Aiden, I...” Gus started to talk.

Aiden moved so he sat gently down on Gus’ lap and put his finger to Gus lips, “You don’t have to say anything. I love you, Gus.” Aiden hugged Gus who wrapped his arms tightly around his little brother.

“Oh, Aiden,” Gus was choking on his own tears, “I didn’t mean any of it.  I love you. Our dads don’t make me watch you.  I love playing with you in the barn fort.”

Aiden moved back just a little bit and with both hands wiped away Gus’ tears, “I know you are just sad about a lot of things.  I promise, you can always talk to me.  Now, can you get me a snack.  I’m hungry.”

“I would love to get you a snack.” As they got up Aiden climbed up onto Gus’ back and Gus carried him around to the back door of the house and as they went into the cabin he said, “Maybe after our snack we can put on our swimsuits and go in the hot tub.  How does that sound?”

“That sounds great.  Maybe our dads can join us, too.”

“Ya, that would be good,”  Gus started realizing how much his parents must love him because he was sure it was sort of like he felt for his brother.  He didn’t want to ever hurt him again.


A half hour later all four of the family were in the hot tub and even GC was on the steps and putting his paws in the water. At first the tension hung in the air but soon as Aiden chattered and moved and splashed between them, everyone truly relaxed.  Gus was sure there would still be more conversations about this and he really did have to think about his friends.  Were his dads right? What would he do without his friends? He needed friends.

“Daddy, where are we going next week?”

Justin pulled him onto his lap, “We are going to go further up on the mountain.”

“Are we sleeping in a tent or under the stars?”

“Young man,” Brian said sternly, “your dad does not sleep on the ground.” Brian winked at his small son.

“We are staying in a small cabin.  It has one main room and a bathroom,”  Justin filled both Aiden and Gus in.

Aiden moved over to Gus and Gus whispered something to him.  “Why are we going to a tiny cabin when we have a perfectly nice cabin here?” Aiden looked at Gus to make sure he had asked the question correctly.  Gus nodded a little.

“Well,” Brian started, “We will be staying on the edge of a cliff. We will look down into a deep valley.  We should be able to see bison and elk down there and we are likely to see bears very close to the cabin so no wandering off alone.  We will always travel together. It is just too dangerous for us to be out there walking.”

“Don’t you see a little problem with bringing your children out to a place we can be eaten by a bear?” Gus asked, smiling.

Brian looked over at Justin, “This one is all yours.  I have asked the same thing.”

“I just thought it would be very cool.  I have always wanted to just see animals in their natural space. Fine, we can stay here.  I just really wanted to see…”

Brian and Gus looked at each other and Gus instantly said, “That should be kind of cool. I’ve never seen herds of animals like that and if a bear really wants me, I guess I won’t have to worry about new friends.” Gus saw his dads lock eyes.  “No, you don’t have to worry about that.  It sounds like a cool place.  I am sure we can hike as a family.  I looked at the website earlier and it looked like they had lots of cool trails and we can take a few games.”

“We can only take as much as we can carry to the cabin.  It is about a mile from the road.  And with little legs it might be a little far for Aiden.

“I can walk! I’m getting big.” Aiden defended himself.

“You are smarter than all of us, buddy.” Brian said as he pulled Aiden close for a moment.  Brian then threw Aiden across to Gus who then threw Aiden to Justin.  By then Aiden was laughing and shouting with pure joy.  


On Monday morning, they packed up their rental SUV and began the trek up to the camp they would be staying at. They each had a backpack to carry and a couple of them would have to go back for a couple bags they used for their food.  They had been assured the water was purer than any they were used to drinking so at least they didn’t have to bring bottled water although they did have some in the SUV.  

GC tried hard to come along but Gus put him in the outside kennel area. “Sorry, boy, I wish you could come along but it might be a little too wild for you to run around. Dad, you’re sure they will come and take care of him?”

“Yes, the caretaker is coming to work on a couple projects.  He will let GC out while he is here on the property and he will make sure he is fed and watered.  And if the weather is supposed to be bad, he will put him inside the cabin.  His doghouse will be enough protection for a little rain.” Brian glanced at his son.  He really was a good kid but they still had some things to clear up. He was so glad that Gus didn’t appear to be addicted to anything.  He was definitely edgy but he didn’t have the shakes or huge mood swings.

As Justin followed the direction he drove them higher and higher.  The landscape got more rugged as he drove.  After an hour Gus said, “Anyone else realize that we haven’t seen a car in a half hour?”

“There is nothing ahead of us except nature, no other people,” Brian responded.  “This was Justin’s idea. I would have never thought of doing this,” he saw Justin’s face tighten a bit.  They had had more than one conversation about this, “But, I agreed it would be fun.  Just because we aren’t normally the type to be out here like this, I think it is good for all of us to have a new experience.  Who knows, maybe one of you will LOVE it out here.”

“Good save, dear.” Justin said, giving Brian a little smirk. I think we are getting close to the parking area.”

“Look!” Aiden said as he pointed out the window.  On the edge of the forest there stood a huge deer with a full rack. “How can he hold up his head with that much weight on it? He is SO big.”

“He really is huge,” Gus said in awe.

Fifteen minutes later Justin pulled over into a car park area. As they got out of their car they all stood silently, looking around. Aiden walked over and leaned against Brian’s legs as they looked around.  Brian reached down and picked him up.  “The world looks really big from here, doesn’t it?” Aiden just nodded as he continued  to look around. “Well, let’s grab our bags and start our hike.  Then Aiden and I can get lunch together and you two,” Justin looked at Brian and Gus, “can go back and get the rest of the stuff.  Unless one of you wants to make lunch with Aiden.”

“Ask me that after we’ve made the hike.  The air is thinner up here.” Brian set down Aiden and strode to the back of the SUV. When Justin met him at the rear door, Justin stepped up to Brian and pressed himself against Brian’s frame as Brian’s head descended downward and the men kissed. “This place is amazing and we aren’t even there yet.”

“Will you two break it up.  Your sons are waiting right here,” Gus said as Brian and Justin put space between them.  They each strapped on a bag.  Aiden insisted on putting his backpack on, too.  And then they were off.  Justin led the way. Aiden followed him, with Gus behind him.  Brian was at the end, able to see all of his family. The trail was well marked but it was definitely an uphill climb. When they got to a sign that said ‘half way’.  

Justin stopped and looked at Aiden, “How ya’ doing, Aid?” 

Aiden looked up at his dad and replied, “I’m fine,” but took in a deep breath. His little body wasn’t used to this kind of walking or the altitude. 

“Are you sure?” Justin looked at Brian worriedly.  “Maybe you were right, Brian.  This might have been a stupid idea.”

Gus dropped down to one knee and spoke softly to his brother, “Aiden, let me carry your backpack for you.  I know you are strong enough to do this hike but with that extra load, it is tiring for you.”  As he spoke he untied Aiden’s pack and slipped it off his shoulders. As he draped it over his arm he pulled out a bottle of water from it and passed it on to Aiden, after loosening the cap.

Brian and Justin made eye contact.  Gus had managed to settle the situation without Aiden feeling bad and they could keep going. As they moved on Brian stepped up close behind Gus and patted his shoulder. Neither said anything but it wasn’t necessary. Gus could feel that his father was proud of him.

They were all happy to see a clearing ahead and then, as they stepped out of the trees, it was as if the world opened up. The meadow was filled with flowers and at the far end sat a small cabin.  It had a welcoming front porch and the door was a deep magenta.   But as they looked up and past the cabin they all were in awe.  The pictures couldn’t prepare them for this view. Right behind the cabin there was a valley and from their current view they couldn’t see how far it dropped but what they could see was the mountains rising on the other side of the valley. They towered above the one they stood on and at the jagged peaks, there was still snow sparkling brilliantly against the topaz blue sky.  

They walked the short way to the cabin and, stepping on the porch, Justin swung open the door and they walked in.  The far wall of the cabin was made almost completely of glass. The view they had seen outside now looked like a photo in a frame. There were sliding glass doors and a small deck with chairs and benches on it. Gus opened it and stepped out, followed by the rest. Aiden started to rush to the edge but Justin caught him.  “Whoa, son, that is a fall you don’t want to take.” They all walked to the edge but Brian quickly retreated and Justin noticed Gus move closer to the wall too. Aiden on the other hand wanted to stand up against the rail and see everything below. 

“Look, Daddy, what is that? It looks like an ant but it is probably some big animal.”

“It might be a moose. After we make some lunch and unpack our bags, we will have our binoculars and we should be able to look at everything down there.”

Brian turned to Gus, “Shall we go make the second trip? We won’t have the heavy backpacks on and what we are carrying back won’t be as heavy.”

“Ya, let’s go but aren’t we breaking the rule about all four of us staying together?” Gus looked at Justin.

“Not that you don’t have to be watchful but you aren’t moving further into the woods.  You are going back out. Oh, and take the walkies with you. Then if you need us, call.”


Brian and Gus made it back to the SUV and then sat in the cargo area drinking a bottle of water before returning. “Gus, you really are good with your brother.”

“Dad, I would never have said….I wouldn’t hurt him.”

“I know that, Gus. We have all made the wrong friends. I am not sure who you hang out with now but…”

“I never said I had the wrong friends.  Mama has met them and mom has met some of them, too.”

“Why haven’t you brought them to our house? You used to bring friends over often.”

“Because you and Dad would grill them.  They don’t like answering questions.”

“Do I know any of these boys or their parents?”

“I doubt it.  Most of them are at school on scholarship.”

“You know we don’t care about who their parents are. We care who THEY are,” Brian looked at Gus’ face.  “Gus, the rich can be as deviant as the poor. What kind of mess have they gotten you into?  It is obvious you are not addicted to anything.”

“You actually thought I was addicted?”

“Well, we know you have been drinking.  You ready to head back?”  Brian and Gus each grabbed a bag and locked up the SUV.  They started walking up the now familiar trail. “We are fairly sure you have been using pot. We understand at your age and with the stress of your mothers and...well, Aiden takes up a lot of our time….do you feel neglected?”

“Oh, no, Dad.  I know Aiden can’t help it and you guys are always there for me when I ask.”

“Then, Gus, why did you quit asking?”

“I just….I was tired of asking my moms because if one said something, the other changed it.  So then I could just say well Mama said…. And then Mama started staying at her lover’s house so I just said I was there at night.”

“I’m not going to tell you that was wrong.  You know it.”

“Ya, you asked why I didn’t come talk to you?”

They were at the halfway point and they stopped for a minute.  Gus turned and looked at Brian, “I’ve been seeing someone.”

Brian had to smile, “Well, who is this girl you are seeing?”

“Her name is Cassandra. She is really pretty. I don’t have my phone or I would show you her picture.”

“Well, I am sure she is. You ready to keep moving?” Brian had a feeling he would talk more if they weren’t just looking at each other. “You know I have to ask, Are you having safe sex?”

“Dad, we haven’t had sex.  Not that we haven’t, well…”

“Cassandra is a very pretty name. I hope you will introduce us sometime.”

“I am not sure she will….Dad she is a little older than me.”

Brian wondered what a little was but now wasn’t the time.  They were nearly back to the cabin and he was hungry. “Damn, I’m hungry,” Gus said as if reading Brian’s mind.

“I know I don’t have to worry about exercise out here.”

“Dad, are we really all sleeping in the same room? I mean you and dad aren’t known for your subtlety.”

“Well, I am guessing you and Aid will want to sleep in the loft rather than in the bunk beds next to the double we will share.”

“Definitely!” As they neared the porch, Gus stopped and looked at Brian. “Dad, I don’t want to see it or hear it but I am really glad you two are still into each other.”

“I love him more every day.  I don’t know how, but I do.” Brian smiled as the door opened and he saw Justin’s smiling face and he walked over and kissed him. “Have I told you today how much I love you?”

“You did when I woke up but I can never hear that too many times.”

“Hey, Aiden, what did you make us for lunch?” Gus guided Aiden into the house, giving his dads a few moments alone.

“Brian, is everything alright? Did something happen?”

“Everything is perfect.  Our son has a girlfriend.”

“He told you that? Oh, Brian, that is big.  Are they being safe?”

“He said they hadn’t had actual sex yet. I was too hungry to ask more questions.”

“I take it we should go in?” Justin kissed him again.

“Ya, Gus said he was hungry so if we want anything we better get in there,” after one more kiss, they went in.


Everyone ate their fill and afterward, even Gus laid down to rest.  The higher elevation made all of them more tired.  Gus read Aiden a story but he was sleeping before the book was done and Gus closed his eyes, too.

Brian and Justin lay on the double bed in the main room. They spooned against each other, and Brian held Justin close.  “You know I wasn’t trying to throw you under the bus today, right?”

“I know that. And I know this isn’t your idea of the perfect vacation.  I mean you hate heights and we are perched on the side of a mountain.”

“Now you don’t have to remind me of that,” his hand moved down and slipped to the waistband of Justin’s pants and unbuttoned them giving him room to slide his hand around Justin’s cock. He partially turned so he could kiss Brian more easily and after a long kiss, Brian moved under the blanket and as Brian took Justin in his mouth, Justin fought the urge to cry out and he climaxed.  He pulled Brian up, just needing to kiss him.  He tasted himself as his tongue traveled around Brian’s mouth. It wasn’t long before they were both sleeping.

After everyone woke up, they all went out on the deck with binoculars and Aiden hardly stopped talking, “What kind of deer is that?”  “Do you see the bison? I know some people call them buffalo but they are really bison.”  “There’s a bear.  Do you know if it is a grizzly or a black bear?”  Everytime something left their view something else appeared. 

As the afternoon wore on, Gus volunteered to help Justin make dinner.  Brian didn’t want to admit it but the second trip to the SUV had tired him out. The altitude was kind of zapping him. Aiden climbed up on Brian’s lap and Brian made up a story while they looked at the beautiful surroundings.


Justin gave Gus directions and they stood side by side as they worked on their tasks.  “So what’s her name?”

Gus didn’t know why he was surprised.  His dads always talked.  “Cassandra.” 

“Did you meet her at school?”

“Ya, I did,” Gus wasn’t lying.

“Is she in some of your classes?”

“Ya, she was in my Algebra 2 class,” Gus focused on his task.

“Can I see a picture of her?”

“I think my phone is dead.  I didn’t charge it because I knew we didn’t have service.  What are we going to do if something would happen to someone? Is there a radio or something?”

“Yes, there is a satellite radio to use in case of emergency. It is directly connected to the local sheriff.”

“That’s good to know.  You know if you and Dad break something it is nice to know how to get you help,” he laughed but Justin thought there might be some real concern there.

Justin looped his arm around Gus’ waist, “Let me get this in the oven and then I will show you the radio and where the directions are.”

Gus looked over at Justin and kissed his cheek, “I’m not totally cool that I can’t be on the internet,”

“We have talked about your friends.  As long as they are who you choose to hang out with, we are going to have to limit your contact.”

“What about Cassandra? Can I talk to her?”

“Your dad and I will talk about it.  Since you are handling this very maturely, we will take that into consideration. You know up here there isn’t a connection but when we go back to the cabin, we will probably allow that.”

“Thanks, Dad.”


The first night on the mountain ended with all four of them sitting on the deck, watching the sun drop slowly behind the peaks across the valley.  Aiden had climbed up onto the bench with his dads and fell asleep on Justin’s lap. Once the show was over, Gus walked over and lifted Aiden up.  “I will have him brush his teeth, if he will wake up enough and then I will bring him to bed with a bottle of water.  He’s had his medication for the day, right?”

“Thank you, Gus, and yes, he has had his meds,” Justin said as Gus walked into the house.  “I’ll check on both of you when we come in.  And Gus,” Gus stopped and turned.  “We love you.”

Brian  moved so he was leaning against Justin and Justin held him tightly. Brian started to talk, “What happened with him?”

“Well, it started with your conversation on the way back but then during dinner prep he asked about his internet privileges and he did it with such maturity.  He didn’t lose his temper at all.  More than wanting to connect with his friends, he wants to connect with Cassandra.  I told him we would talk about it before next week when we are back at our cabin.  What do you think?”

“I think we can have a serious conversation about this at the end of the week.  Have you seen her yet?”

“No, he said his phone wasn’t charged.  I feel like he isn’t showing us a picture for a reason.”

“Well, that can be a criteria for him to get his privileges back,” Brian stiffened.

“What’s wrong, Bri?”

“I think it is just the altitude. I have a headache and I am exhausted.”

“Then it is time to get you to bed.  It is getting cold out here without the sun anyway. You wash up and I will start the fireplace to warm up the cabin. You just get yourself in bed.  I will get you something for your headache.”

Fifteen minutes later Brian was sound asleep and Justin had all the lights off as he stood and looked out at the stars in the sky. He had gone up and checked on his boys.  He had expected Aiden would be in one of the beds and Gus in the other but when he got up into the loft, he found them in the same bed and Gus had a protective arm around his little brother.  Justin had kissed both of them before going back.  As he watched the twinkling stars he thought his heart might explode. He couldn’t imagine life without these three amazing people. His little boy who, although life hasn’t treated him so fair with his disease, was always cheerful and optimistic. And Gus, so mature in so many ways and yet so easily led. Hopefully this girl in his life would be a positive influence.  He knew how much the right person could influence someone for good or bad.

As Justin stood there he heard Brian’s gentle snoring.  He felt bad the altitude was affecting Brian.  At least it was mostly a headache and feeling tired.  He would do anything for the man laying in that bed. He realized he would not think twice about giving his life for any of them.  He didn’t know how he could live without any of them. He wasn’t sure what he had done to deserve such a perfect life but whatever it was he was thankful.

Justin got into bed trying not to disturb Brian but within seconds, in his sleep, Brian had pulled Justin against him, “God, I love you, Brian Kinney.”

In his sleep he responded, “Love you, too.”

 

As Justin felt Brian’s warm breath on the back of his neck, he thought about the hike they had planned for tomorrow.  He could already picture Aid’s excitement and, even though it was much more subtle, Gus was excited too. If Brian was still feeling off, maybe they would postpone it for a day.  It didn’t matter. They were together.  Life didn’t get better.


Chapter 5 by Simply written

Chapter 5


 


Justin woke up around 3:00 a.m. to find himself alone in the bed.  Brian was in the small kitchen area drinking water. He got out of bed and walked over to him, “How are you feeling?” Justin kissed Brian’s shoulder.


“I feel like shit. My head wants to explode,” Brian did look uncomfortable.


Justin dug in his bag and found what he was looking for. “Eat this.”


“Oh, Justin, I am not hungry.”


“Eat this.  I think it might help.’


“What is it?”


“Remember the brownies I made the other day?”


“Ya, you brought them with us didn’t you?”


“I did but I also had made a small batch of special brownies.”


Brian snatched the pot brownie from Justin’s hand and took a bite. Justin led him back to bed and Brian sat between Justin’s legs and leaned against Justin’s chest. He slowly ate the brownie while Justin made small circular motions on his temples. Brian’s body began to relax after a few minutes and then Justin felt him go limp.  He was asleep. Justin carefully slipped out from behind him and laid next to him.  He had never been so glad he had pot brownies with him than he was now. He wished he had thought of them last night. He stretched out next to Brian and drifted off.


 


“Shhh, our dads are still sleeping,” Gus led Aiden down to the kitchen.  He heated some water and made them both a travel mug of hot chocolate. He handed Aiden his cup and grabbed a blanket out of a basket and they slipped out onto the deck. Gus had Aiden sit on the bench and wrapped the blanket around him and then he sat next to him and draped the rest of the blanket over himself.  He put an arm around Aiden and they sat there drinking their cocoa.   


“Gus, do you think we will see a bear?”


“Well, I am pretty sure there are plenty down in the valley.”


“I know that but do you think we will see some on the trail?”


“I hope not. Although, you might make a tasty snack….” Gus gave his little brother a big hug.


Aiden giggled, “Are you having fun? I know you didn't want to come on vacation with us.”


“Oh, Aiden, I love being with my family but….well it is complicated when you are my age.” Aiden shivered a little and Gus lifted him up on his lap, wrapping the blanket a little tighter around both of them.


“Justin, come here.” Brian said softly because he didn’t want the boys to hear him.  “You have to see this.”


Justin shuffled over and slipped into Brian’s arms, “What is it?”


“Look,” he nodded toward the boys and then kissed Justin’s temple. They stood in each other’s arms  in silence for a few moments.  “It looks like Gus made hot chocolate for both of them.”


“Have I told you lately how much I love my life? I often think, what if I hadn’t gone outside that night and found you freezing.”


“I think, what if you hadn’t stripped and pressed that hot body against me, and I mean that in both ways.”


“Gus even remembered a blanket.  What do you think is up with Cassandra? He knows we don’t care about race or anything like that,” Justin looked up and Brian kissed him again.


“He said she is older. You don’t think it’s like a married woman or something do you? Maybe one of those friends’ moms?”


“We are going to have to find out.  I think we may just have to insist on seeing her picture.  He really does seem more at peace.  I don’t think he really misses those friends as much as he misses his girl and being away from his moms seems to be helping him relax.  Next week I am going to talk to my lawyer and have him start drawing up papers for custody.”


“You know at his age the judge will look at the home settings but our homes are all safe.  So he will probably let Gus pick.”


“Daddies!” Aiden noticed Brian and Justin in the house.


“They’re kissing, aren’t they?”


“I like it when they kiss.  It means they love each other.”


“You’re right, it is nice that they love each other and they fight once in a while but they know how to talk it out.”


Aiden hugged Gus and kissed his cheek, “I love you, Gus.  Thanks for the hot chocolate.”


“You are welcome, Aiden.  I love you, too. Shall we go get some breakfast?”


“Ya, and I better get some of my medicine.”


“You are feeling alright, aren’t you?” Gus was concerned for a minute.


“I feel good.  I just know I always need to take it.” Aiden took Gus’ hand and together they walked into the house.


 


Two hours later they were getting ready to leave for a hike. They had eaten breakfast and packed lunch.  They packed plenty of water and spread it out between two backpacks.  They figured they could rotate them if they got tired.  They also had a small first aid kit that was put into Aiden’s backpack and he would carry that. While Aiden used the restroom one last time Brian stepped over to Gus, “Is your phone charged?”


“No, I haven’t plugged it in yet.”


“Well, why don’t you go do that right now so when we get back your dad and I will be able to see Cassandra.”


“You can see her later. It’s not like…”


“Gus, go plug your phone in.”


“But, Dad…”


“Don’t try to debate this, Gus.”


Gus went up to the loft and was just coming down when Justin and Aiden came out.  “Are we ready?” Justin asked, seeing the sour look on Gus’ face.  “Did I miss something?” he asked Brian.


“He just plugged in his phone,” Brian responded softly as he kissed Justin. 


“Oh, well, let’s get going.” With that they all headed out. Soon Gus was joining in with the conversation as they moved down the trail. They followed the path that wound around so that it wasn’t difficult to climb which was perfect with Aiden.  


They had taken a rest and after an hour Gus said, “How much further are we going to walk today?”


Justin pulled out his phone where he had saved a map, “I think we are about 15 minutes away from the spot.”


“What is special about this spot? I mean this is cool and all but I am guessing there is some reason this spot is on the map.”


Justin glanced back and smiled at Gus, “Well, we will be going up into a tree house and, hopefully, once we are settled up there, we will have some visitors.”


“What kind of visitors? Bears?” Aiden asked excitedly.


“No, it will be something in the sky.”


“We are walking all the way out here for birds? Like I said, I really like the hike but I would think there would be something more exciting to see than birds.”


“Just give it a shot.  If you get bored we can move on but the plan is to hang out here and have lunch and then just relax for a bit before we take the other trail back.” Justin looked down at Aiden, “You are doing great, Aid!  Are you getting tired?”


Justin could tell he was moving a little slower than he had at the beginning so  he had slowed the pace a bit. “I’m Ok.  I can make it another 15 minutes.” 


Gus reached forward and slipped off Aiden’s backpack. “I got this, bro.”


“Thanks, Gus, that will make it easier.” Aiden said thankfully.


Justin glanced all the way back to Brian.  He didn’t look all that good either.  He was glad they were almost there.  Maybe they should have waited another day to do this but it was too late now. Justin could see it getting lighter as they moved forward.  As Justin took his first step into the sunshine he saw the stream that ran through here which is what would bring the birds later. 


Aiden peeked around Justin, “Wow, look at that treehouse.” There was awe in his voice. Justin looked over and saw the amazing structure about fifteen feet off the ground.  There were two levels with a roofed area in the middle and a walkway looked like it went all the way around it.


“Way cool!” Gus said as he moved past Justin and soon Brian’s arm was around Justin’s waist.


“Did you happen to bring the brownies along?”


“Well, yes I did. How bad is it?”


“I need to sit for a while and shut my eyes for a few minutes.”  Justin slipped his arm around Brian’s waist and said, “Just hold on to me.” 


Gus and Aiden were already up the steps before Justin and Brian made it to the bottom. “Um, guys, there aren’t any bears up there, are there?”


“Oh, shit, I never thought about that.  Sorry, Dad, but it’s all clear.”


Brian and Justin climbed the steps and there were some chairs similar to those on their back patio at home and there were cushions on them just like theirs at homes.  Brian dropped down onto one of them and stretched out.  Justin dug into one of the bags and found a small container underneath the larger container of brownies.  He took out a small morsel and tucked the dish all the way in the bottom before bringing it over to Brian. Brian broke it in half and popped one in his mouth.  Justin sat behind him again and rubbed his temples until Brian drifted off.  


Justin then went over to where the boys were looking out the back of the treehouse.  The view was similar to the one from the cabin just a different angle. Aiden was tired too.  Justin picked his son up and  said, “Why don’t you keep Big Daddy company and we will get you both up when lunch is ready.”


Aiden opened his mouth to argue but then closed his mouth and nodded. Justin carried him over to Brian and set him down next to Brian.  Brian’s eyes fluttered open for a second and then he pulled Aiden close and they both shut their eyes. After taking out some of the food for their lunch, Justin walked over to where Gus was sitting. He had sat down on the platform with his feet hanging over the edge.  Justin sat next to him and they sat in silence for several minutes.


“Dad’s alright, isn't he?”


“Yes, it is just the altitude.  It doesn’t surprise me that it is affecting at least one of us.  It is better than last night, I think so by tomorrow he should be good.”


“Are the pot brownies helping?” Justin’s head snapped in Gus’ direction.  “Ya, I saw you make two pans but one of those pans seemed to disappear as soon as they were out of the oven.  I’m not stupid.”


Justin laughed, “I have never thought that.”


“I’ve acted pretty stupid lately. What you said about my friends, some of that might be true.  When I think about it, we all have something to get away from.”


“You weren’t doing anything illegal were you?”


“Well, nothing really bad.  I mean we didn’t break in and steal stuff or anything.  We drink, probably too much.”


“And pot?”


“Ya, we smoke some weed.  I didn’t do nearly as much as they did.  Well, I was only with them half the time.”


“Want to tell me about her? If you like her I am sure we will too.”  Gus sat silently, swinging his feet and staring off into the distance. “Gus….”


“She’s older than me.”


“Well, older is pretty open ended.”  They sat silently again.  Justin didn't push it. He was talking more each day.  He would tell them soon.  Justin reached over and took Gus’ hand, “I love you, Gus.”


“I know that.  My friends don’t think anyone loves them but I know I am.   Even when Moms are screaming at each other, I know they love me.”


“They do.  I hope they can agree to disagree and stop bringing you down with them.”


“Dad, what is that over there?”


“That is what we were waiting for.  Let’s go wake up Aiden and Brian.”


Five minutes later, all four of them were out on the other side of the treehouse overlooking the clearing and stream that ran through it. “Look, here comes one. I’ve never seen a bird that big or is it a dragon?” 


“Aiden, I think that is a bald eagle.  I’ve seen a couple of them in the past but….” he stopped talking as the bird swooped down and pulled a fish out of the stream.  Then another one came and another and another.  Gus and Aiden laid on their stomachs and watched the majestic birds come in and out, eating their lunch. Justin made Brian sit down and rubbed his temples while they watched the birds.


Brian reached around and pulled Justin into his lap, “The brownies did their job.  Now I just have the munchies.”


“Do you want me to go grab you a bite?”


He brought his mouth to Justin’s ear and softly said, “I have what I want to eat already.” Brian’s mouth came down on his as his hand moved between Justin’s legs and he started stroking him in a rhythm.


“Damn, that feels good.”


“Aiden, did you see that bird got 2 fish at one time?” Gus said excitedly.


Brian and Justin  smiled at how excited Gus was, “We can finish this later.” Brian said as Justin stood up.


“I’ll hold you to that.” Justin kissed him as he walked over to the boys.


“That was so cool, Gus!” Aiden said almost in awe.  “They are so big! Have you ever seen eagles before?”


“Never this many,” Gus smiled at Aiden. 


The four of them sat there for over an hour before Justin realized the time.  Aiden needed to eat.  He moved toward the door and Brian reached out to pull him over for a kiss, “This is so great.  Both of them will never forget this. And I am sure between the two of us, we have a few nice pictures.” 


“Ya,” he smiled.  “I am going to get lunch together. Aiden needs to eat.  Usually the Eagles leave soon so I want it ready when it slows down.”


“You are so much better at the dad thing than I am,” Brian said.


“Oh, we both have our strengths and most importantly, we both love them more than anything.”


Justin moved inside and started spreading food on the table.  He put out paper plates as well as chips and bottles of water.  He then put the sandwiches he made for each on their plates and took out some fruit.  They would have brownies before heading back to the cabin.  He couldn’t wait for the boys to see the final surprise of the day.


“Um, Daddy, did you invite someone else for lunch?” Aiden called to Justin.  


Justin stepped out and below the tree he first saw one cub and then a second and then a third. Brian and Gus were pulling up the staircase and, as Justin walked out he saw the reason.  The cubs had a parental escort.  It was one of the largest grizzlies he had ever seen. “Wow, I’m glad we weren’t heading back to the camp yet.” 


Aiden ran to Justin and Justin scooped him up. “Daddy, this is the best vacation ever!  Look at the bears!”


“You do know that mama would like you for a snack?”


Aiden’s eyes got huge, “Would she really?”      


“A hungry bear would but if I look at these, you can tell they have had plenty to eat so I don’t think she would hurt us unless she thought we were going to hurt her babies.”


“She should know we would never hurt them.”


Justin hugged him, “She is just protective of her kids like we are of the two of you.  We would always do our best to make sure no one hurt you.”  Justin heard Aiden’s stomach growl.  “And someone is telling me he is hungry. Hey, guys, it is time for us to eat. Hopefully, by the time we finish eating, so will they.  We can’t go anywhere as long as they are here.”


They ended up bringing the food out onto the platform so they could see the bears and eat their lunch.  Brian and Justin had agreed reminding the boys not to throw down any of the food or they may not leave, “Plus,” Gus added, “They have plenty of their natural food and that is what is best for them.”


“Wow, Gus, that is smart thinking.  I hadn’t thought about it like that,” Brian smiled at Gus and looked at Aiden, “Your big brother is really a smart guy, even though he doesn’t always want us to know that.”


Gus stood up and walked into the treehouse.  Justin looked at Brian and Aiden. “Aiden, why don’t you sit by Big Daddy for a few minutes and make him rest for a few minutes.”


“Daddy, I’m smart, too.  You want me to rest.” Aiden said with his hands on his hips.


“You are very smart, Aiden, and you are right but your daddy needs to rest a few minutes too.  Gus and I will start packing up.  We need to be ready to go in about half an hour if our visitors have left by then.”  Brian opened his arms and Aiden let him lift him up. Justin walked over and kissed both of them. He stroked Brian’s cheek and Brian took his hand and kissed the palm.


“Ok, Aid, let’s shut our eyes for a few minutes.” Brian wrapped his arms around his young son and held him close as he rested his own head against the wall behind him.


Justin walked into the cabin and found Gus looking out the other side of the treehouse. Justin left him alone and started to pack up the bags.  It wasn’t long and Gus was next to him, helping. “Thanks, Gus.  I can always use some help.”


“Do you ever feel like you aren’t on vacation? You are always doing something.”


“Well, Gus, unless we are on vacation where there are restaurants and maid service, things have to get done. And your dad takes me places like that, too.  But I really don’t mind.  I love taking care of my family and with Aiden, well his issues don’t go away.”


“Dad…” Gus reached over and hugged Justin.  He held onto him tightly.  


Justin put his arms around Gus, “What’s wrong, Gus?”


“I, I’m not sure.  I know I was a jerk.  I know I screwed up. I mean I almost flunked out of school.  If it hadn’t been for Cassandra, I would have.  You’re right about my friends.  I know they are assholes but they like me.”


“Gus, you have never had trouble finding friends.”


“Well, I guess I was looking for friends that would help me forget what was going on at home.”


“You could have come to us.”


“I know but I didn’t want you to be mad at my moms. Dad and Mama never have gotten along and I didn’t want to make that worse.” They had separated and started packing up again. “The last month, when I started working in school again, it was because of Cass.”


“Well, it is good to know she is a good influence. Is there a reason you won’t tell us about her.  Just because she’s a girl doesn’t upset us.” Justin and Gus each zipped up a backpack “Why haven’t you told us about her? Do your moms know about her?”


“Hell, no!  You can’t tell them.  They will lose it and if one likes her the other will hate her.”


“Gus, I hope your moms are getting things straightened out. I haven’t talked to Mel but of course I talk to Lindz for work and she has asked about you. She knows she has screwed up, too.”


“Why would she want to be with Mama when Mama has a girlfriend?”


“It’s hard to stop loving someone when you still care about them. But you are avoiding my question.  Why haven’t you told us about Cassandra?”



“Dad, tonight I’ll tell you all about her if you let me have one of your brownies.  I think I’ll need that,” Gus smiled at Justin.


“We’ll talk about it when we get back.  Can you go tell those two it is time to head out so we get home before sundown?”


“It is going to be dark by the time we get there.” Gus went out the door. “Hey, Dad, it is time for us to go,  “Hey, Aiden, you awake?”


Soon they were all down on the ground and had relieved themselves against a tree. Gus led the way and headed for the trail they had arrived on. “Gus, we are taking a different way home.  Come this way.” Justin led the way and Gus followed with Aiden and Brian at the back.  They hadn’t walked far before Justin stopped.  “Who would like to ride back to the camp?”


“Ride?” Gus looked around Justin and let out a whoop. “A roller coaster?”


“Well, sort of. A miner put this in years ago and the current owner fixed it up when his kids were young.  He sent me instructions on how to use it so we should be home in about half an hour.” 


Aiden sat next to Justin in the back card and Brian and Gus took the front seat. Soon they were moving downward.  It was a slow roller coaster but it was fast enough to be fun but slow enough it wasn’t scary for Aiden and as they moved downward they saw more wild life.  


All of the sudden Aiden was excited, “Daddy, I saw a wolf!” 


“Where Aiden?” Justin asked but by the time Aiden tried to point they were too far past and, if there was a wolf, he would have probably left the area, but Aiden was still very excited.


“He looked like GC. Do you think it might be GC’s brother?”


“Aid, you know GC isn’t a wolf and wolf isn’t something you play with.”


“I wish I could.  They are so beautiful.”


Before they realized it, Justin saw a sign that meant he had to start braking and soon they were coasting to a stop at the end of the line.  They all got out and after walking less than five minutes the clearing and their camp came into view.


 


After washing up under the unheated shower, all four of them sat in front of the fireplace as the temperature began to fall outside.  Justin sat next to Brian who had his arms wrapped around him.  “I’ll get dinner started,” Justin said and kissed Brian.


“I’ll make dinner,” Gus said.  Justin and Brian looked at each other and Gus smiled. “Dad, you deserve to be cooked for once.”


“Damn, boy, are you trying to show me up?” Brian winked at Gus.  “You’re right. Justin deserves an evening off.  I’ll help you.” Brian looked over at Justin, “Did you have something planned?”


“I was just going to heat the soup that is in the fridge and warm up some of the biscuits that are in the container on the counter.  You can figure out the rest.  Just don’t use the stuff for homemade pizza, which we will have tomorrow night.”


Aiden cuddled up next to Justin and listened to a story while Gus and Brian got dinner on the table.  Once they had eaten, Aiden had asked to go to bed. The day had been so much fun for him but he was worn out.  Brian offered to read him a story but he said, “Thanks, Big Daddy, but I would just fall asleep. Can I just have a hug and kiss?”  His small arms reached up and Brian enfolded him in his long, protective arms.  “I love you, Big Daddy.”


“Oh, I love you, too, Aiden, and you can always have a hug and a kiss.” Aiden puckered his lips and Brian kissed him.  “Good night.  We are right downstairs if you need something.”  Brian tucked the blankets up around Aiden’s shoulders and moved toward the steps.  When he noticed Gus’ phone he unplugged it and moved down the stairs.


 


Justin had opened a bottle of wine and had three glasses out, along with the container of brownies.  Brian tossed Gus his phone and dropped down next to Justin and they automatically were touching each other.


“I think that’s when I knew my moms were in trouble,” Gus said out of the blue.


“What was that, Gus?” Justin asked.


“One time I spent the weekend with you and neither of you can enter a room where the other one is without at least touching hands and usually a lot more than that but my moms, they tensed up when they entered the room the other was in. They can't stand to even look at each other.”


“That will get better.  I am sure Mel is just feeling guilty and Lindz is feeling betrayed.”  Justin  extended his hand to Gus and put space between him and Brian. Gus came and sat on the sofa between them. He tensed up a bit but Justin handed him a glass that had a small amount of wine in it. Gus took a sip. 


“Ok, Gus, it’s time to stop this secretive shit,” Brian just said.  “I think we both feel a lot better about your friends, knowing you realize they are a dead end.”


“Ya, I realized I don’t even miss them much. I mean I miss knowing what is going on with everybody at school but I don’t have a headache all the time from a hangover.”


“Now, enough of ducking our questions,” Justin rested his arm around Gus’ shoulder and had his hand on Brian’s shoulder.  “Tell us about this older woman.”


“Can I have a brownie first?”


Brian and Justin looked at each other and Brian picked up the container.  He opened it and offered it to Gus and Justin. Gus ate his quickly.


“Son, it can’t be that bad.  We are about the most accepting people you will ever meet.”


“Dad, I know that but I’m afraid Cass will get in trouble.  Will you promise me that you won’t get her in trouble?”


“Gus, the only reason we would do that is if we thought she was hurting you somehow.  As long as that isn’t going on, you don’t have to worry.”


“I already told you we haven’t had sex, even though I hope we do before the end of the summer.”


“Why is the end of the summer important?” Justin asked.


“Well, she may be moving. I mean we know this isn’t a permanent relationship.  That would be stupid.  I am only 15.”


“Glad to hear you say that,” Brian responded.  I was just a little younger than you when I had my first sexual experience but that was with my…” Brian went silent and looked at his son and then over at Justin. “Gus, are you dating one of your teachers?” He used the word dating tentatively. He knew when he was with a teacher, it didn’t feel like dating.


Gus unlocked his phone and went to his pictures.  Soon, on the screen, was a stunning young woman with skin the color of coffee and cream.  Her dark hair was shoulder length with streaks of gold through it. “She isn’t quite a teacher.  She’s a student teacher.  Well, she was a student teacher.  She has graduated now and she doesn’t know where she’ll be teaching yet.”


“So tell us how you got together?” Justin  said, encouraging him to tell them more. “Was she teaching one of your classes?”


“No, she taught advanced Math classes.  She is so smart.  She had a free period when she caught me skipping class.  Rather than turning me in at the office she brought me into her classroom. 


“How long ago was this?” Justin questioned.


“Just about 6 weeks before the end of school.  She is the reason I passed the class.  She and I had a free period at the same time a couple times a week and she helped me get caught up and talked to my teacher and told her about all the hard work I was doing.” Gus was much more relaxed now between the brownie and just the relief of having it out in the open. He continued to talk. “She offered to take me to the city library one night because she knew they had a special collection on display and it was about one of the authors I could choose for my final project. Well, as we sat in a corner I started reading her part of the story and without realizing it I put an arm around her and she didn’t stop it.  Next thing we knew we had fallen asleep and the security guard was kicking us out.  I knew it would be better to go home early in the morning.  So she took me to her apartment.”


“And, what happened?” Justin asked.


“I just slept on her couch and got up to take an Uber back home. I slipped in and Mama wasn’t there and Mom was sound asleep.  She’s been drinking more than usual.  I’m not saying she is an addict or anything but, just like me, it helped her cope.”


“So, are you saying that you haven’t been hanging out with those friends for over a month?” Brian inquired.


“Well, not very much.  I sometimes started the night with them but then ended up at Cass’ place later in the night. I guess I found out love was better than booze although it still caused me stress because she is a teacher.  You aren’t going to say anything to anyone about Cassandra are you?”


Justin responded, “Gus, we have to tell your moms. The last thing we need is for them to think we are lying to them. Mel already wants to fight us for custody and as much as Lindz hates to see you less, she understands that, at least for the summer, she needs to straighten her life out. You understand that, right?” 


“Will you let me see her?”


“Gus, we need to meet her.  I mean she is a grown woman and you are 15,” Justin said calmly.


“You aren’t going to let us, are you? Then I don’t want to live with you,” Gus kept control but had to fight for it.  “You don’t understand.”


“Actually, I do, Gus.  There was a teacher when I was 14 that gladly let me service him, anytime we had a chance. I’m not going to get into the details but he wasn’t there for me.  He was there to get from me.”


“That isn’t Cass at all!  She helps me, not just with school but, with my moms. She understands.”


“What is Cassandra’s last name?” Brian asked.


“If I tell you, you are going to check her out.”


“Of course we are, we need to make sure she is who she says she is,” Justin responded.


“And beside that, all I would have to do is look at the school site and it will tell me everything I need to know.” Brian added.


Gus stood and went to get a bottle of water out of the fridge. He stood at the window and looked out over the valley.  There was a full moon so he could see some of the shapes down there but nothing was clear.


Justin started to get up but Brian motioned for him to stay where he was.  He got up and walked over to Gus, “Gus, I promise we will look at this with an open mind.  You have to understand that as your parents we have to make sure, well, that this isn’t a pattern.  Most people would look at her as a predator but if everything you have said is true, and I believe it is, she has found something special in you that attracts her to you. When we head back to Pittsburgh we will meet her, get to know her a bit and she can come to our Fourth of July picnic.”


“I’m tired.  Can I go to bed now?” 


Justin walked over to the two and put an arm around Gus’ waist, “Sure, go get a good night sleep.  Gus, we love you.  We only want what is best for you. You know that, right?”


“Ya, I guess so. Thanks, by the way, for today.  That was pretty amazing, seeing the eagles and the bears. My friends would act like that was stupid but they would just be jealous.”


Gus hugged both his dads and, with his phone in one hand and the bottle of water in the other he started up the steps, “Oh, by the way, I’ll put my headphones on so I can listen to music without waking Aid.” He turned and moved up to the loft.


“Do you think he is putting on the headphones for Aiden or for us?” Justin questioned.


“I really don’t care.”  Brian was already pulling off Justin’s T-shirt. “If I remember correctly, I promised to finish something I started earlier.”


Justin pulled at Brian’s shirt.  Just as he pulled it off they both heard the distant howl of a wolf. “Now that really reminds me of when we met,” a shiver ran through Justin.  Partly because of the wolf and partly because Brian’s hands had undone his fly and they were now brushing against his cock through his cotton briefs. Brian pushed him toward the bed while Justin grasped at Brian’s waistband.


Brian pushed Justin onto the bed and tugged off his pants.  His hands slipped up Justin’s thighs with his thumbs moved up the inside of them.  When he got to his scrotum he, ever so softly stroked it, sending shivers through him. “Oh, god, Brian that is amazing.  I can’t imagine….” 


As Justin began the comment, Brian lowered his head and as gently as Brian’s touch had been, his tongue was even lighter. When Brian moved one hand between his legs and his fingers began to stroke lightly along the valley in his ass.  “Oh, Brian, you are going to drive me….” Justin had to quit talking as Brian’s finger entered him. When he began to stroke his prostate with one finger his thumb began running the length of his perineum. As soon as Brian began to add a light pressure to his strokes, Justin clamped his mouth shut, not wanting to wake the boys but when Brian began to suck gently, Justin left out a little cry as he exploded into Brian’s mouth. 


Brian and Justin moved onto the bed further and soon Brian was buried deep inside of Justin. As they moved in unison it wasn’t long before Justin was again ready to cum with Brian right behind him.  Brian stayed where he was and they drifted off in their own personal bliss.


Two days later they were hiking back to their SUV.  All of them were glad they were going back to hot showers and more modern bathrooms but they all had memories of eagles and bears, not to mention the herds of buffalo and elk they had seen.


Gus played music for Aiden from his phone and soon they were singing in the backseat, while Justin and Brian eventually joined in from the front. As they drove up to their cabin GC started going wild in his kennel.  Gus and Aiden jumped out and opened the door so GC could run circles around them. Soon he was barking and Aiden was giggling.


The remainder of the day was pretty lowkey. They had an early dinner and then watched a movie before Aiden went to bed. Brian and Justin looked at each other and nodded.  “Gus, don’t make us regret this but we are turning on the internet for a couple hours.  We will let you know  a few minutes before we cut it,” Brian said.  “We both need to check in with work so don’t make us regret it and tell Cass we are anxious to meet her.”  Gus hugged both of them and rushed up the stairs.


Justin and Brian sat at the kitchen table with open laptops.  “Brian, I can’t decide if we are doing the right thing.  If she was still in high school I’d be fine with it. She truly is a grown woman.  She is 21 or 22.  Even if we don’t see a real problem with it, his moms are going to have nothing to do with it and I have to admit, I don’t think they should have sex.”


“I’ve been thinking about that, too.  I don’t want to say he can’t ever see her.  I mean she helped save him but she got trapped in the aura that is Gus,” Brian squeezed Justin’s hand.  “I hate to say it but I would love to make his moms be the bad guys.”


“I am guessing you already emailed someone to look into Ms…. oh we don’t know her last name.”


“Ya, Ted will have someone look into it tomorrow.  You know he is going to ask me if I am switching sides,” Brian laughed. “Are you worried?”


“Not in the least, my love. Let’s see what plays out. We have a couple weeks to figure out what we plan to do and by that time we should be able to check her out thoroughly.” 


Brian and Justin finished up their work for the night and Justin went up to check on a sleeping Aiden and then knocked softly at Gus’ door. “Hey, we are going to be turning off the internet in ten.”


“Ok, Dad. I’ll see you in the morning.”


“Love you, Gus,” Justin said as he pulled the door shut.


“So you actually told your dads about me?” Cass’ voice came on his headphones.


“Yes, but they promised not to get you into trouble.”


Cassandra’s voice held worry, “Do you believe them?”


“I do, Cass, and I really didn’t have any option.”


“I believe you, Gus. Well, it is really late here so I am out of here.”


“Cass, I am really glad I got to talk to you tonight. I miss you, Gus.”

 

“I miss you, too.” As Gus put his computer away for the night it hit him, his dads weren’t a push over but his moms would never go for this. All of the sudden his mama’s face in all it’s fierceness flashed in his mind and he was no longer worried  about his dads but he was scared as hell about what his moms would say.

Chapter 6 by Simply written

Chapter 6


 


The remainder of their days had a pattern to them.  The boys still spent time in the barn but sometimes, with permission and with the walkies, they would go pick berries or just skirt the edge of the treeline.  The one thing Gus hadn’t told his dads was he had found a spot where his phone could text.  It wasn’t strong enough to make a call but he could usually get a text out so now they were picking berries everyday.


They only had a few more days left of their vacation.  It was Wednesday and they were scheduled to fly out on Saturday.  Aiden really didn’t want to go get berries again.  All Gus did was text someone on his phone.  “Gus, can’t we go to the barn today.  I want to play in our fort.”


“Aiden, if you go to the berry patch today I promise tomorrow and Friday we will play in the fort.”


“Ok, I’ll get us water while you tell our dads.”  Aiden pulled out his backpack and put some empty containers in it for the berries and a couple bottles of water. He slipped his backpack on as Gus came into the kitchen.  “You promise we can play in the barn fort for the next two days?”


Gus grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and replied, “I promise,” Gus knew Cass was going to be busy the next couple days.


“And, Gus, I already have a bottle of water for you.”


“Oh, well, it is warm out today. Maybe we will need extra. Are you ready?” Gus asked as he picked up the two walkies, one for each of them. He tucked one in Aiden’s backpack and clipped the other one to his waistband.


“Is GC coming with us?” Aiden asked.


“You know he doesn’t like it there. He is always trying to chase something,” he saw Aiden’s disappointment and continued, “but if he wants to come, he can.”


“Thanks, Gus.  You’re the best big brother. Come on, GC.  Do you want to come hiking with us?”


GC, came over and darted around the boys.  He knew where they were heading once they started in the direction of the patch. As they walked and talked about going home in a few days, GC moved ahead of the boys and then he was behind them treeing a squirrel. Soon they arrived and Gus sat on top of the small boulder that was the perfect sport for reception and texted Cass.


Aiden had become comfortable here.  Yes, he would have preferred to stay at the barn but with GC around to play it was fun.  He started filling his berry containers. He also bobbed in and out of the treeline with GC, exploring the terrain.


‘Hey Cass, you there?’ moments later his phone pinged.


‘Gus, how is my gorgeous man?’


Gus took a picture of Aiden, playing with GC on the edge of the woods and sent it to Cass saying, ‘I’m good. Aid loves it here. Guess I like it too but miss you’


‘Aid is so cute. I miss you, too’  And their conversation continued.


 


“GC, where are you?” Aiden said and then he heard the yip and GC was running circles around him. “Let’s see if there are any strawberries over here.” Aiden went to the side where there were usually strawberries.  He took off his backpack and soon he had the container full.  Aiden noticed GC was panting and was sitting down. “Gus, can you call GC over to you? He is tired and needs to rest awhile.”  Even at Aiden’s age he knew GC was getting to be an old dog.  He was a lot older than he was.


“GC, come.” Gus called and he waved at Aiden before he went right back to texting as Aiden went to the other side where there were blackberries.  


‘Will you be around on the Fourth? Can you come to my dads?’


‘Are you sure that is a good idea? I mean with the age difference’


‘My dads are ok about it’


‘And your moms?’


‘Well, not sure there.  Don’t think they will be there.’ Gus glanced down and saw GC sound asleep in the shade of the rock. ‘i  miss talking to you, Cass.  I miss touching you’


‘I miss your touch, too’ And the texting continued.


 


Aiden had one more container to fill and he saw a whole row of berry bushes.  When he got closer he realized they weren’t berries.  He wasn’t sure what kind of fruit they were but they looked good.  He followed the bushes until his last container was full.  As he put the last container into his bag, he sat down on an old fallen tree and took a swallow of water before putting the bottle back in his bag.  He looked around and wasn’t exactly sure where he was but he couldn’t be far from Gus.  He decided he would just relax here for a few minutes before going back to GC and Gus.


 


‘Phones dying. Have fun with your family. Can’t wait to see you when you get back to Pittsburgh’


‘I’ll text when I get back.’  She sent a couple pictures. One of her smiling and one blowing a kiss.


God, she was so beautiful.  He slid off the rock and patted GC’s head.  “Hey, boy, are you ready to head back?” Gus poured a little of his water into his cupped hand and GC lapped it up while Gus took a swallow himself.


He stood and stretched, “Hey Aid, you ready to…” he stopped talking as he scanned the meadow. He didn’t see him anywhere.   “Come on, Aiden, where are you? It’s time to head back to the cabin.” By now Gus was standing in the middle of the field and was looking along the tree line. “Aiden!  This isn’t funny, bro.  I need to know where you are.”


Gus was getting a little nervous now, “Aiden, I’m not joking where are you?” Gus continued to look.  “GC, where’s Aiden? Go find Aiden.”  Gus felt his stomach move up to his heart.  He could hardly breath.   “Come on, Aiden, I’m not mad, yet, but I need to know where you are!”


After a couple more minutes, Gus realized Aiden had a walkie talkie and so did Aiden, “Aiden, hey bro, where are you, over.”  He knew Aiden thought it was fun when you said over at the end but there was no response.  “Please, Aid, call me!” By now Gus was panicking.  He was fairly sure Aiden’s walkie was turned off but if he was really lost he would call soon, when he realized he was alone.  Shit, what had he done? How long had he been texting with Cass? How long had it been since Aiden had sent GC over to him.   He should have paid attention. 


“Maybe he headed back to the cabin,” Gus said out loud.  Should he go back and find out or should he call his dads on the walkies?


 


Brian and Justin lay in their bed, “I have gotten used to this afternoon sex,” Brian said as he ran his fingers through Justin’s blonde locks.


“Well, your office is just around the corner from mine.  Maybe we should start scheduling a nooner at least once or twice a week.”  Justin’s teeth gently closed down on Brian’s nipple.


“Damn, I like the way you think.  Do you think we could put the bed back in the old steam room?” 


Justin hadn’t attended the bathes very often but in his office, formerly Brian’s, it was obvious what the space had been previously?  “I don’t need the meeting room in the back.  I rarely use it so I don’t know why we couldn’t put something in there.  Maybe I could buy a Murphy bed.  Damn, I like that idea.”  Justin moved back up so their lips could meet.  “I don’t know why but I have an uneasy feeling all of the sudden.  It’s probably just because I don’t want to leave on Saturday.  We better get up.  The boys could be back any minute.”


Just as they got out of bed and moved toward the bath for a quick shower, the walkie talkie on the nightstand made a squawk.  “Dads, are you there? Please be there?” it was obvious from the sound of Gus’ voice something was wrong.


“Gus, we’re here.  What is it?”


“Is Aiden with you?”


“No, he is with you, isn’t he?”


“I was hoping he walked back to the cabin.  He was here and then he wasn’t.  GC doesn’t seem to know where he is either.”


By now Justin had tossed the walkie to Brian and he was almost dressed.  “Stay here in case he comes back here.  I am going to find Gus and Aiden.  I will call you.” And with that Justin was out of the room.


“Gus, stay put.  Justin is on his way.  I’m staying here and will look around out here.  Does Aiden have a walkie?”


“He does,” Gus took a deep shaky breath.  “I tried calling him but I don’t think it is on.  He knows how to use it.  Why hasn’t he used it yet? Do you think he is hurt? Oh, Dad, I am so sorry.  I don’t know where….” Gus was now losing his composure completely.


“Gus, Aiden will call as soon as he realizes he has wandered off.  He is a smart boy.”


“God, Dad, it’s all my fault.  I should have watched him closer.  Oh, I need to find him!” 


“Gus, calm down.  Justin will be there in a minute.  As soon as  he gets there I will put search and rescue on alert.”


“Gus,” Gus heard Justin call for him and GC ran to meet Justin as he approached. “AIDEN!” Justin made it to Gus and put his hands on his shoulders looking at him, directly in the eye. “Gus, what happened? Where did you last see him?”


“He was just walking around picking berries and then he decided GC looked tired so GC came and fell asleep by the boulder over there where I was just hanging out but then I looked away for a couple minutes and he was gone. Oh, god, I’m so sorry, Dad.”


“He has to be around here. AIDEN!” Justin was trying to remain calm.  “You call your dad and tell him to call a search team.  I am going to start looking.  Where did you see him last?”


“You know him. He never stays still.  I think the last place he was was over there.” Gus pointed and Justin was on his way to the far corner.  “Dad, you there?”


Brian’s voice came over the walkie, “Yes, Gus.”


“Dad says to call for help.” Gus’ voice cracked as he said it.


“Ok, Gus.  He’s a smart kid, we’ll find him and he will be alright.” Brian rushed to the emergency radio that they always kept in the cabin.  After he was assured help was on the way, Brian went out and started looking around the area, calling Aiden’s name.


 


Aiden woke up and for a minute he was confused as to where he was.  Then he remembered the weird fruit he had found and how tired he had been so he took a nap.  He sat up and looked around.  He didn’t know where he was and when he stood up and looked for anything familiar, he realized he didn’t recognize anything. “Gus!” Aiden yelled as loud as he could but he didn’t hear a response.  “GC, come here, boy!  Where are you, GC?” He looked around and his bottom lip began to quiver.  “I think I got myself lost.” 


Aiden started walking.  He wasn’t sure what way to go but he walked past all the weird fruit and then kept walking, hoping he would find something that looked familiar.  Had he seen that tree before?  All of the sudden he saw some movement.  It was GC.  “GC? Where’d you go, GC?”  Aiden ran after him.


Soon, Aiden had to stop.  He realized he was definitely in thicker woods than he was earlier.  He was hungry and he was thirsty and he was scared. He sat down on a large branch and took off the bag.  He drank a little water and opened one of the containers and ate some berries.  That was when he saw the walkie talkie.  He pulled it out and turned it on, “Gus, are you there? I’m lost.”


Brian heard the walkie crackle.  “Hello! Aiden?”  


There was a lot more static.  He heard Aiden’s voice, “Big Daddy…...lost….scare….”


He couldn’t hear all of Aiden’s words but his little boy knew he was lost and he was scared. “Aiden, we will find you.  We are looking for you.  We love you.”


Aiden heard Brian’s voice for a couple seconds.  He heard looking and love.  He wasn’t sure where he was going but he got up and started to wander, hoping to find an open area.


Brian called for Gus and Justin on the walkies, “You there? Did you hear him?”


Justin’s voice came on, “Did you hear him?”


“Yes, but only for a couple words.  He must be on the edge of reception.”


“Where is he?” Justin asked.  “Did he tell you what he sees?”  As Justin talked Gus paced back and forth with GC. Gus couldn’t listen to his dads’ pain, knowing it was all his fault.


“Sunshine, I only got a couple words.  I told him we were looking.  I told him we loved him but I don’t know if he heard me.”


“Oh god, Brian, he’s really lost.  It’s almost dinner time and it is time for his medication. I need to go find him!”


“Hang in there.  The search team should be here any minute and then I will come out and meet you.  Maybe send Gus back to the cabin.  He can wait here in case Aiden finds his way back.”


“I will.  Turn on the wifi.  The search group probably won’t need it but it might be useful. I have to go look.  I can’t just stand here.” The walkie went dead.  “Gus,” Justin jogged over to where he was pacing, looking in the woods. “Your dad wants you back at the house.  The search team will be here soon and someone has to be there in case Aid finds his way home.” Gus looked blankly at Justin.  “Gus, he wandered off.  We’ll find him.  Go and be the anchor at the house.  If Aiden wanders in he needs family there.


“But he isn’t going to want to see me.  I’m the one…”


“Your brother loves you.  Of course he will want to see you.  Now, go so your dad can lead the team in.”  With that Justin moved into the tree line, looking for any hints.


As Gus jogged back to the cabin, he noticed it was getting cloudy outside. His poor little brother. How could he be so stupid?  


“Gus, how are you doing?” Brian wrapped his arms around Gus, “What happened? Is there any sign of him?”


“Oh, Dad, it is all my fault.  If only…”


“Gus, you are the best big brother.” Brian listened for a second.  “That has to be the search team.  Stay on the grounds and keep the walkie talkie on.  Help any of the search team that stop by.  Ok?”


“Ya, but Dad, you don’t understand. This is all my fault.”


“No, son.  Little boys are hard to keep track of.”


“But Dad….”


“There they are,” Brian rushed to the parking area near the cabin leaving Gus there alone in his thoughts. 


Soon Brian led a group of men toward the clearing where Justin was still looking.  A couple of men stayed back from the search team.  One set up a radio system while the other one talked to Gus.  He walked with Gus outside. He got some information about Aiden and then led Gus to the front porch of the cabin. “Gus, let’s see if I can help you remember something.” The officer got comfortable and asked, “So what were you and Aiden doing?”


“We had gone berry picking.  There is a clearing not far away that has a lot of different things to pick.”


“So did you pick berries with him?” 


Gus responded, “No, I was just on a rock, not far away but I saw him fill first a container of blueberries and then I think he got strawberries and maybe some blackberries or raspberries.”


“You were far enough away that you couldn’t see what he was picking?” The officer was writing something down.


“We went up there all the time.  Aiden always stayed close and he knew the edges of the woods.  He knew how far he was allowed to go. He’s a good kid.  He….  I was watching him...most of the time but he knew the rules!” Gus’ whole body started to tremble and then he retreated within.


“Gus,” the man’s voice was now softer, “what were you doing while Aiden picked berries?” He watched as Gus responded as if he had been hit by a punch. “I think we all know you didn’t mean to do anything to your brother.”


“You don’t think I did something to him, do you?” the tears now began to flow.  “I would never hurt my brother.  I love him!” Gus doubled over in mental anguish.


 


Brian arrived at the clearing and Justin rushed over. “Thank god!” Justin told the team the area he had covered but they had lost almost all day light now.  “I saw some tracks over there,” he pointed to a spot.  “There are wild plums over there.  I think Aiden saw those and walked over to get some of them. The problem is this could have happened a couple days ago, too. The boys came up here all the time.” The search team all had head lamps on and, following the leader's direction, moved forward into the woods, leaving Brian and Justin alone. The leader told Brian and Justin to go back to the cabin and wait. “I can’t go back.  My baby is out here.  He is sick.  He needs his medication.  It’s past his normal time.”


“Justin, I promise if we find him or any sign of him we will call you and one of my men will get you to us as quickly as possible.”  He looked over at Brian and Brian took Justin in his arms. 


“Sunshine, we don’t have the right equipment and we don’t know how to do a search appropriately.  Let’s go back.  I am sure Gus could use a little attention, too.  Maybe he has thought of something.” Brian kissed him and by the time they separated, the search team was deep in the woods calling Aiden’s name as they walked. Brian and Justin walked back to the cabin hand in hand in total silence. 


They had just arrived back and in the distance they heard a wolf howl at the moon.  At the same time they saw Gus jump up from the porch and he ran full speed toward the path to the woods, not noticing his dads.  When he realized they were there he stopped dead in his tracks.  Gus’ lip began to tremble and then he called out, “Aiden!” Brian and Justin wrapped their arms around him and he sobbed. He mumbled as he cried, “Wolves! He has to be so scared.  Dads I need to go find ….I was in charge.  I should have…”


“Shhh, Gus,” Brian ran his hands through Gus’ hair like he did when he was little. “Let’s go to the cabin, Gus.  They said they would call us if they find anything.”  As they moved to the cabin, they heard the first rumble of thunder and then a drop of rain.


Gus dropped to his knees, “It’s all my fault!”


“Gus, it isn’t ….”


“You don’t know that!  It was me.”


 


Aiden had walked until he was too tired to walk anymore.  It was starting to sprinkle as well.  He found a huge old tree that had a section of it hollowed out so he took off his backpack and got in it so he would stay dry. He had a little room to move inside the tree and he opened the bag and pulled out a partial bottle of water as well as some of the berries.  He wished it wasn’t dark out.  He realized it wasn’t GC he had followed and he had heard a wolf howl more than once since then.  What if a wolf found him here? He should have stayed close to Gus.  It was all his fault he was lost. After he had eaten some of the food, he dozed off.   


When he woke he was cold. He heard footsteps but he could tell it wasn’t a person.  He peaked out of his little hiding place and saw a dog but no, it wasn’t a dog.  It was a wolf.  It had to be twice as big as GC. He started sniffing the air and soon he moved closer to the log Aiden was in. “Nice boy. Good boy.  Please don’t hurt me.  I just want to go home,” as the words came out, tears began to flow again.  The large wolf moved closer and then dropped to the ground right at the entrance to Aiden’s spot.  He couldn’t see anymore but he was sure he could hear more wolves arrive.  He went back to sleep, for some reason drawing comfort from their presence. 


 


Justin and Brian nearly had to carry Gus back to the cabin and helped him inside.  The officer that had been talking to him opened the door for them and let the three men move passed.  Justin sat with Gus and put his arms around him.  Gus wrapped his arms around Justin and clung to him.  “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” was all Gus could say. 


The officer motioned for Brian to follow him into the kitchen.  “Are you Mr. Kinney or Mr. Taylor?”


“I’m Brian Kinney, Brian please.”


“Brian, I am not an expert in this but I have been trained in interviewing and your son is not telling us everything.  I don’t think he hurt his brother but could he accidentally have done  something he hasn’t told us yet. He had totally shut down for me and when he heard the wolf he totally lost it.  It is a good thing you and Mr. Taylor were there.”


“Gus wouldn’t keep anything important from us.  If something had happened he would have called us right away.  He could get us on walkie talkie.”


“Did Aiden have a walkie talkie, too?”


“Yes, that is one of our rules up here.  We heard Aiden say a couple words this afternoon but he was obviously out of range.”


“Do you have the other radios here?”


“Yes, why?”


“Maybe we can boost the signal of one of those with the use of our radio.  I will get them to our specialist and maybe we will be able to contact him.  Would he keep it on?”


“I don’t know.  We talked about the batteries running out and Aiden is a very bright boy but he is also a very sick boy.  I need to get back with…”


“Yes, of course.  I should be getting an update in about ten minutes.  I will brief you then.”


 


“Gus, sweetheart, you have nothing to be sorry about.”


“But, Dad, I do.  Aid didn’t even want to do that today.  He wanted to go to the barn fort but…. I found out that in that meadow, if I am on that boulder, I can use my phone.  I can’t call but I can send and receive texts.  I was texting with Cass and …. I thought I was watching him but maybe for just a minute or two I got distracted.  She sent some pictures and…”


“You let a woman distract you.  You let your little brother wander off in the woods with the bears and wolves so you could talk to that pedophile?” Justin jumped up and loomed over Gus.


Brian walked in at the last of Justin’s rant, “Whoa, Justin, what are you talking about?”


“HE,” Justin looked at Gus and began to raise his fist but instead stepped away, “he was texting with that woman instead of paying attention to Aiden.  He was ignoring my little boy so he could look at pictures of her rather than keep track of Aiden!” Needing to get space between him and Gus, he rushed out the front door to the porch, before he did something he would regret.


Brian’s eyes followed Justin but once he was out of the sight, he turned to Gus. Slumping down on the sofa, he said softly, “What is Justin talking about? You were on your phone?” He was confused since they had never had reception up there. Gus attempted to talk, but he was shaking and stuttering, trying to get the words out. Brian put his arms around his son and just held him for a moment, “Try again, son.”


Gus managed to get it out this time.  He told his dad that he had found some reception and that he was sending texts to Cass. “Dad, I looked for Aiden between every text. I just …. I know it was my fault.”


Brian tensed, “Gus, we warned both of you over and over about the woods.  We put you in charge because we thought you were mature enough to handle it.”


“I’m so sorry.  I didn’t mean….”


“I know, Gus. I need to check on Sunshine.” 


“Dad, I…. don’t hate me!  Please, I couldn’t…”


“Gus, I could never hate you.  I love you and so does Justin but right now…. I need to check on him.”


Brian went out the door, and found Justin looking at the stars.  He was talking softly, “....don’t know if you’re up there but if you are, help us find Aiden.  He’s a scared, little boy.”


“Sunshine,” Brian touched his arm, “come here.” Justin’s arms went around Brian, holding on with all his might. 


“He just let him walk off!  How could he do that?” 


“He’s fifteen.  He has been under stress. He….”


“Are you standing up for his behavior?”


“Justin, I am standing up for our son, not his behavior.” Brian kissed his head and then tilted Justin’s head to claim his mouth.


“Excuse me, gentlemen,”  the officer said from the porch.


“Let’s see if there is any news,” Brian took Justin’s hand and they walked to the cabin.


“The team has seen some signs of Aiden.  In the dark it is difficult but they found some berry stems.  It was obvious a person had eaten the berries very recently. At least he has something to eat. It is too dangerous for them to do too much tonight.  The group will stay where they are for the night and we have about 100 people scheduled to be here at first light.” 


“Thanks.” Brian said as the man slipped back into the house. “It’s chilly out here.  Let’s move back in.”


“Aiden can’t move back in.  He has to be freezing and scared to death and, Brian, you know he can’t miss more than a dose or two of medication.”


“I know, love. You ready to go back in?”


“You go.  I need to figure out how I will approach Gus.”


Brian took Justin’s face in his hands and kissed him gently.  “Hopefully, there is something up there and that they are listening to you.  No one can turn down your requests.”  Brian walked back into the cabin. He glanced to find Gus. He wasn’t in the living room anymore so he grabbed a couple bottles of water out of the refrigerator and went upstairs after verifying with the officers that he hadn’t left. 


 


Aiden jumped awake at the sound of several wolves howling. He was a little chilly but his own body heat in the small area had warmed up the cavity as well as the fact the wolf had laid right in front of the opening so the night air wasn’t infiltrating. The wolf noticed Aiden stir and poked his nose into the opening.  Aiden was petrified as the big head came closer but when the wolf’s tongue slipped out and licked him and he made a soft woofing. Aiden slowly moved his hand up and patted the large head.


“Hi, boy. Or maybe you’re a girl.  I really need to move.  Can I get out, please?” he said softly.  As if they understood the wolf moved out of the way but stayed close as if to protect him from the other wolves. Aiden slowly stood and stretched.  He moved over a little bit and emptied his bladder, which caught all the wolves attention.  After they all took a sniff or the puddle Aiden had made, they all seemed to relax. 


Aiden sat down on the ground, taking a sip of water again.  “Can I call you GW?  That stands for Gray wolf.”  Aiden leaned against the big animal and soon another wolf came up on his other side and soon in the warmth of the animals, he fell back to sleep.


 


Brian entered Gus’ room. He dropped on the bed next to Gus and after a minimum of resistance from Gus, his arms were around his son and Gus’ head was on his chest.  “I’m so sorry, Dad.  If anything happens to him…. I love him, Dad.  I really do.”


“Oh, Gus, we never doubted that.” Brian tightened his arms even more. “It was just poor judgement.”


“Is, is Daddy ever going to forgive me?” Gus reverted to the term he used for Justin as a small child.


“Of course he is.  He is just sick with worry. You know if anything happened to you he would react just the same.”


“I wouldn’t blame him if he never could love me again but if he hates me….”


“Gus, I don’t hate you.” Justin walked into the room and sat on the edge of the bed, reaching over and taking Gus’ ankle in his hand.  “I shouldn’t have… I love how much you and Aiden love each other and even though I understand how it happened, I just can’t …. With Aiden out there lost….” Justin started to choke up again.


“If I could….I wish I could go out and look for him at least!” Gus said.


“I think you will be able to tomorrow,” Brian said as he kissed Gus’ head.  “Why don’t I get you something to eat and then you can go to sleep so you’re ready to go help tomorrow?”


“I can’t eat knowing he is out there and he doesn’t have anything to eat.” 


Brian stood and so did Justin.  Justin kissed Gus’ cheek but there was no additional hug before he  walked out with Brian but he didn’t head for the steps.  He went into Aiden’s room where he found GC curled up on the bed.  He laid down next to the dog and after draping his arm across him he buried his face in his fir and cried. 


Brian understood Justin’s reaction but he also felt for Gus and his heart was breaking for Aiden but he had to hold it together for everyone.  He left Justin with GC and went to try to get any more information from the search team members.  Once downstairs he made a full pot of coffee and pulled out snacks.  “Help yourself, guys.  Anything is game.  We are going home…. Damn, we are supposed to go home this weekend.” Brian dropped to a chair and rested his elbows on the table, head in his hands.  The radio officer patted Brian’s shoulder as he walked past to pour himself a cup of coffee.  It was well after midnight when Brian told the men where he was going to be sleeping and moved upstairs to get into bed with Justin, watching GC walk out of this room and into Gus’.


 


Justin woke around 5:30 and turned to Brian, kissing his beautiful still face.  Brian’s arm pulled him close. “I feel like I was slipped something.  You didn’t, did you?”


“No, your brain just crashed.”


He started to move but Brian pulled him in for another kiss before saying, “I slipped down about an hour ago.  There is no news other than the volunteers will be here at sunrise so I would guess in half an hour.” Brian kissed Justin’s worried face again.  This time he took it a little deeper and Justin couldn’t fight his need to forget and to feel something besides fear.


“Brian, please, screw me.  I need to know I can still feel something.” They both lowered their pants just low enough for Brian to move in and he wasn’t gentle or slow.  He just pushed in and moved like a teenager screwing for the first time.  Within moments he was cumming and Justin followed. They didn’t talk afterward. They just got up and tied their pants.    Justin spoke first, “I’ll go wake up Gus before heading downstairs.”


“I can do that, Sunshine.”


“No, I need to make peace within myself.  If it had been me at that age it had been you texting, the rest of the world would have disappeared.  I know he didn’t do anything on purpose. We need a minute.” 


Brian was going to straighten the blankets on the bed when he heard Justin, “He’s not here, Brian.” Justin’s voice instantly started getting further away, “I am going down to find him.”


Justin rushed into the kitchen to find a couple more men in the kitchen.  “Have you seen Gus? Did he come through here? You didn’t let him go out looking, did you?”


“Mr. Taylor, he left about half an hour ago but he promised he was going to the barn fort?”


“Oh, sorry I snapped. I just…. Please tell Brian I will be right back with Gus.  He will need breakfast before he can go out.”  


As Justin walked out the door, the officer from last night said to the radio man, “He’s a class act. I’m not sure if my stepson let my son wander off I could do what I think he is going to do.”


 


Justin jogged across the property in the chilly, morning air praying both his sons were alright.  “Gus, are you here?” he shouted as he ran into the building and moved through it to the back of the building where he could get up to the fort area. “Gus?”  He could finally breathe when he saw Gus look around the corner.  He had on binoculars and it looked like he had been scanning the woods.


“Dad, there isn’t any news, is there?” Justin made it to the top of the steps and hugged Gus tightly. Gus hugged him back. “I’m sorry, so sorry…”


“Gus, you didn’t mean for this to happen.  I am just so scared.” Justin took a deep breath, “Did you see anything from up here?”


“No, nothing.  I just couldn’t sleep. He has to be so scared and cold. And, Dad, how long can he go without his medicine before he gets really sick.”


“I don’t know.  It would depend on several things but at least he has some water and the berries. I came to get you so you can have some breakfast before you leave with the search team, at least I am going to assume you want to go look.”


“Oh, yes, thank you! I wasn’t sure if I was grounded or…”


“Gus, son, of course you can go, but first you have to have breakfast.  Let’s go back to the house.  I love you, Gus.”


“Oh, Daddy, I love you, too.”  Gus hugged Justin once more before they went down the steps and then jogged across the yard, just as vehicles began to pull up.


 


The next twenty four hours was a blur.  Search groups came and went.  Every time they saw a sign, they lost the trail quickly.  They also notice a lot of wolf tracks in the area but it was impossible to figure out which had gone past first.  Brian and Justin took turns being out on the mountain but one of them tried to be at the cabin in case he returned.


Aiden had left in the morning with the wolves.  Aiden had eaten some more of the fruit and as the wolves drank at a stream, he filled his water bottle.  He looked at it and it looked relatively clear.  He took a sip.  It didn’t taste bad.  Wasn’t sure what time of day it was anymore.  He knew he wished he had something to eat besides berries.  He was hungry and he was really tired.  At one point Aiden just had to stop and he laid on a pile of pine needles under a tree. Soon he was asleep.  When he woke up, he was sure he would be all alone but he was surprised to see the whole pack there.  As soon as he was up, they headed off again.  It was like they knew where they were going but Aiden wished he knew where they were taking him.


By sundown on that second day, morale was slipping.  There was a weather front starting to move through and they would probably have to call all the teams in for at least 24 hours for their safety.  Brian and Justin were beside themselves with worry.  They both knew if they didn’t find him soon, Aiden’s health would be at real risk. It was decided they would keep all the teams out until dark tonight but tomorrow, Friday, unless the weather forecast changed, no one would be out on the mountain, except for the lost 6 year old.


“Brian and Justin, we are all going home tonight.  We will follow the weather closely and we will be here the minute it is safe to be out on the mountain again. There is just no way we can stay out there safely and we will be back with fresh supplies and rested volunteers. We will get the helicopter up here as soon as we can, too.  It will be able to spot heat signatures so…”


“So you don’t think he is dead?” Gus said from behind his dads.


“We have no reason to think he is.  We have had no signs of anyone being injured up there.  Of course, we aren’t really sure where he is going. He probably has no idea where he is going.”


“Any more signs of the wolves?”


“Well, there are wolves in the woods.  There always have been.  We have talked to a local wildlife expert and he thinks he knows what pack we are seeing signs of.  It is a smaller pack of one male and usually 4 females.  They may have cubs with them, although we haven’t seen small prints with them.”


“Do they think the pack would stalk Aiden?”


“They don’t think so.  There is plenty of food out there right now.  They will eat things they are familiar with if they are available.”  With that, the last of the volunteers were getting into the vehicles and left.


Brian had held it together since Aiden had gone missing but as the last of the searchers drove off, Brian stood there, tears streaming down his face and it was Justin’s turn to take Brian in his arms. It was raining now and they walked into the cabin.  All three of them were on autopilot.  Gus helped Justin make some food.  It was evening but they had really lost track of everything and they weren’t sure how it had even gotten there but there was all the makings for breakfast so  Brian made eggs and bacon while Gus made toast.  Justin went online to tell his family where the search had ended today.  None of them spoke much as they ate and as soon as they had finished eating, Gus went upstairs to his bed and Brian and Justin sat on the sofa, sipping bourbon and watching something on TV although neither of them spoke.  


Finally, Brian said, “Let’s go to bed.  Maybe the weather front will move out quicker than expected and if we are rested, we will have the energy to go find Aiden.” They got into their own bed and started the fire, feeling guilty they were warm and dry.                                                                                                                                                                                      


Brian and Justin lay in bed that night.  Both of them stared at the ceiling.  Now they held hands under the blanket but had nothing more to say.  They couldn’t sleep but had no more physical energy to keep going. Brian squeezed Justin’s hand and then both retreated into their own pain.


 


Aiden just couldn’t go anymore.  He was out of all the berries and even tried those weird things that he had picked when he got lost.  They were super sour but they didn’t seem to make him sick so he had eaten a couple of them.  Every time he sat down GW would tug on him. Somewhere along the way, Aiden lost the bag altogether. Finally, Aiden just sat on him like he was a horse and he carried him as Aiden slept. The wolf pack moved slowly as it started to rain first and then as the wind began to blow.


It was hard for Aiden to stay on the wolf as he got colder and the wolf’s coat was slick.  The wolves began to yip and howl which got Aiden’s attention. Aiden looked up and for the first time he thought he knew where he was.  He looked around a little more in the raging storm but, how did he get here and how would anyone find him there?



Chapter 7 by Simply written



Chapter 7 


 


Aiden didn’t know how he had gotten there but he was at the treehouse had seen the eagles at. His dads had driven him to the camp so how did Gray Wolf get him all the way here.  He didn’t care.  He just wanted to sleep. Aiden patted the wolf next to him and then gave him a big hug before he started up the steps to the treehouse.  The large wolf looked up at him once more and then with a woof he and the pack ran the treeline.  Aiden rushed up into the treehouse and out of the rain and wind.  He managed to get the door shut and he was glad all the windows were already shut.  As he dropped onto one of the big chairs, he heard a howl in the distance.


“Goodbye, Gray Wolf,” he said softly. “Thank you.”  It was pitch black in the cabin so he just curled up, shivering, until he fell asleep.  


 


Gus woke up early and it was pouring outside along with gusty winds.  He was surprised to find Justin at the kitchen table with a map in front of him.  “Hey, Gus, you are up early.”


“So are you,” Gus made a cup of coffee for himself and then got Justin another one.  “What are you doing?” 


Justin picked up the fresh cup, “Thanks for this,” he took a sip.  “I am trying to see where there are human places in the area. Maybe there is a cabin that Aid could get to.”


“Are you seeing anything?” Gus pulled a chair up next to Justin so he could see. Justin slipped an arm around Gus’ waist and kissed his cheek.  Gus dropped his head on Justin’s shoulder.  Justin was worried about him.  He could see he had lost weight in the last couple days.  In fact, he wasn’t sure the last time he saw him eat.


“There are the normal neighbors we checked right away but working higher up the mountain, there just isn’t anything.” Justin smiled at Gus, “I want to make you some breakfast.  What would you like?”


“I’m not hungry.”


“Gus, you need to eat.  When Aiden gets back to us, you can’t look starved.” 


“But, Dad, I….”


“Please, Gus!  I need to do something for one of my boys!” Justin’s reaction was sharp and surprised Gus.


“Ok, eggs and toast are fine,” he responded quickly. 


“Oh, Gus,” Justin threw his arms around him, “I’m sorry.  I just need to do something for someone.”


“It’s Ok. I understand. I’m crawling out of my skin, too.” Gus made toast for all of them.


Brian walked into the kitchen in his oldest pair of low slung jeans.  He walked up behind Justin and put his arms around his waist, kissing his neck. “Good morning, Sunshine.”  He gently bit Justin’s earlobe.


“Morning Gus, did you get some sleep?” Brian kissed Gus’ cheek.


“Not a lot. After we eat, do you mind if I go out to the barn fort?  I want  to straighten it up and….” Gus bent over resting his head on the counter and his whole body shook and loud sobs came from him.


Brian moved back to his side and pulled him into his arms, “Gus, what is it?”


“Aiden wanted to go to the fort so bad that day but I had to go to the berry patch so I could talk to Cass.”


“Gus, you can’t keep doing this to yourself.  You made a mistake.  Now we just need to move forward.”


“Let’s sit and eat,” Justin said as he brought plates of eggs for everyone.   “I just can’t talk about it right now.”  


The three broken individuals sat in silence for some time eating mechanically.  Gus started looking at the map as he ate.  “What is this area? I can see it is at a higher elevation.”


“It’s hard to believe but that is the eagle treehouse area.  To get to the camp where we slept we had to work our way around to the backside of the mountain but the treehouse is basically at the top.  It is probably about five miles from here,”  Justin said looking at the map. 


“Could he have gone there?” Gus questioned.


“The search team said no.  They said that a child like him would not keep moving up.  Kids usually work their way around a mountain instead.”


“So Aiden is probably working his way to that valley with all the wildlife in it?”  Gus questioned.


“Well, they don’t expect him to keep going in the same direction,”  Brian answered.


“Do you mind if I go out to the barn now?” Gus looked at Justin.


“Sure, but slip on a raincoat. It is nasty out there,”  Brian told him.


“Ok, Dad.”  Gus slipped on a jacket and as he reached for the nob.


“Gus?” Justin called after him.


“Yes?”  


“We love you.”


“I love you both, too.”  With that Gus ran out into the storm.


“Do you think he will be alright out there?” Justin asked.


“I think he needs a little space.  I saw he took a walkie so we can check on him without going out. I’ll make an excuse for contacting him, like if the roof is leaking.”  Brian had pushed away from the table and sipped his coffee.  


Justin walked over and sat down, straddling Brian’s lap.  “Make me forget, baby.  I need to forget. All I can picture is my baby...he’s not coming back, is he, Brian? If he is still...he is getting sick by now, without his medication.  That storm would take out a healthy…..” Brian stood up, grabbing onto Justin’s thighs as he did so. Justin’s mouth came down on his and they fed off each other.  Once in their bedroom they stripped and began to devour each other.  First, Justin pushed Brian down on the bed and he moved up and down his body until Brian cried out for release but when Justin wouldn’t take him over the edge he turned the tables and pressed Justin into the bed as he touched and kissed every inch of Jusitn’s body. As his mouth was moving down Justin’s stomach, his hand moved around and his finger entered him causing him to jump from the unexpected invasion but then as Brian began to lick off the precum he couldn’t wait anymore.  He flipped Justin over and positioned his ass so it was in the air before thrusting inward. He froze and pulled Justin up so Justin’s back was pressed against Brian’s chest and he wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders, not letting him move.  


As Brian began to move millimeters at a time his mouth went to Justin’s ear, “Our boy has got to be fine.  He is a fighter and he knows we need him. We love him.  He’s our….” Brian had started moving faster and they both climaxed silently as their minds were already starting to go back solely on Aiden.  Normally they would spend time laying together and coming down, but today they withdrew to their own thoughts.  Even as they rinsed off in the shower there was no conversation. They washed each other’s backs and then dried them before dressing. They soon were sitting at the table reviewing maps both on their computers and the paper one that was spread out there.


 


Gus spent an hour straightening up the fort area.  He even spent time painting a picture on the wall.  Aiden had asked if they could do this a couple weeks ago so Gus left a section for Aiden to do.  He stood at the open door, and looked in the direction of the eagle clearing.  Ever since he found out that it was far closer than they realized, he couldn’t get it out of his head. He just knew that was where his brother was.


 


Aiden woke up and heard the storm was still blowing outside.  He could see a little light coming in and could at least see around the treehouse.  He was so cold he really wished Gray was here with him.  He knew that was silly but he couldn’t stop shivering.  He got up but was so tired and his little body hurt. He was very hungry but he had run out of food and lost his backpack a day ago.  He looked around the enclosure and found an old mug.  He stepped out on the walkway that circled the treehouse and held the cup out.  After swishing a little rain around in the cup he poured it out and then he found a spot where the water was funneled off the room and filled the cup.  He drank some of it.  It didn’t taste like normal water but it was better than nothing.  He filled it up and went back in where at least he couldn’t feel the wind as much.


To his surprise as he looked around the treehouse he found a granola bar.  They must have left it up here a couple weeks ago. He set it on the table.  He really wished he knew now to start a fire.  He was so cold.  He wished Gus was here.  Gus would start the fire and he would hold him so he could stop shaking.  He missed his dads and his grandma and….he curled up into as small a ball as he could, hoping he would warm up. As he drifted off again he realized he didn’t have energy to start a fire even if he was allowed.


 


“Brian, I hear a vehicle.  Who would be coming up in weather like this?”  Gus heard the vehicle in the barn and rushed back to the house hoping someone had found Aiden. Brian walked to the door and pulled it open.  Ted and Victor were rushing to the cabin, having a hard time holding onto an umbrella. Ted carried a suitcase while Victor had a bag over his shoulder. Brian was too stunned to say anything.  He just stepped out of the way so they could come in and then waited the extra second for Gus to get inside behind them. 


By the time Brian and Gus walked into the kitchen, Ted and Victor were hugging Justin and then turned to properly greet Brian and Gus. “How did you get here? I can’t imagine flights are coming in.”


“We hired a private plane and drove the rest of the way,” Ted said.  “We were told to let you know that the officials have a plan if the bridge washes out.”


“You spoke to the police?” Justin asked.


“We called ahead to let them know we were going to try to fly in.  They actually made sure the road was safe for us to drive up,” Victor responded.  “I need to be here when they find my favorite patient.”


“Victor, it’s been well over 48 hours since his last dose of medication.  I’m so scared.”


“Oh, Justin,” the older man took Justin in his arms. “You take such good care of your boy. You always make sure he does what is best for him so he …”


“Victor, I know he needs to be found soon or it could have a permanent effect on him….if we find him at all.”  Brian walked over and took him into his arms.  


Gus was standing off to the side and Ted put his arm around the teenager but didn’t say anything.  Gus dropped his head on Ted’s shoulder.  Ted had been around as long as he could remember.  He always seemed to know what to say or more importantly, what not to say.


“I hope you don’t mind if we didn’t call,” Ted said. “And before you ask, the office is covered.  Cynthia sends all her love and support.  And Gus, your moms send their love.  They wanted to come up but Lindsay knew it was also important to stay for the business.”  Ted said not only to Gus but to Justin, too.


The five men sat around the table an hour later.  There was food in the oven and they were all looking at the map.  Justin glanced at the timer on the stove.  “I’ll go change the sheets in Aiden’s room so tonight you….”


“Dad, they can have my room.  I’ll sleep in Aiden’s so if he comes home he can sleep in his own bed with me.”


“Oh, Gus, that is a great idea.  You want to come up and help me?”  Justin draped his arm around Gus’ shoulders and they walked out.  


Once they were upstairs, Victor asked, “How is he doing? He seems to be trying to deal with it himself.”  Victor had been around long enough to know Gus fairly well.


“He feels guilty, of course.  We’ve all had our tears and anger. You know he was having issues before we came here and things had gotten so much better.  He talked to both of us but now the guilt…”


“He has love around him.  He will get through this,” Ted said.


“If we can’t find Aiden….” Brian couldn’t continue. Ted and Victor put their arms around him. 


Soon Justin walked into the kitchen with a load of dirty sheets in his hands.  Without a word, Ted took them out of Justin’s arms.  “I’ll take care of these.  We are here to help you in any way we can.” Ted walked down the hall to the laundry to take care of the chore.


Gus finished making Aiden’s bed. He dropped onto the quilt on top.  GC jumped up next to him and Gus almost told him to get down but instead he buried his face in the dog’s fur and as he sobbed softly, GC licked his arm and cheek to supply comfort.


 


Aiden wondered what time it was.  He wondered what day it was. It was still raining but the wind had calmed down.  He really wished his dads and Gus would find him.  He knew he was in trouble for wandering off.  He wondered how long he would be grounded. He opened the granola bar he found earlier and ate a bite but he set it back down.  He wasn’t hungry and he was shaking so hard he could barely take a sip of his water.  For the first time he noticed a small box on a small shelf.  He pulled a chair over to it and stood on the chair to see what was in it.  Inside the box was a roll of large garbage bags.  Aiden sighed. He had no use for those or did he?  


Aiden pulled out bag after bag.  He ended up with eight of them.  He started stepping into them one at a time.  Once he had six of them over his feet he pulled the bags up like a sleeping bag.  The last two he wrapped around his shoulders and then curled up.  He was very tired now and he really didn’t feel very well but at least he felt a little warmer wrapped in the plastic.  As he laid there all alone, tears ran down his cheeks until he fell asleep in exhaustion.


 


“Gus, dinner is ready,” Brian said, walking into the bedroom.  Gus quickly wiped his eyes and tried to hide it from his dad.  Brian sat down next to him and Gus looked at his dad’s welcoming arms and fell into them.


“Dad, how can I eat when Aiden is probably…..well, I’m sure he is hungry, and cold, and scared. He probably thinks we have forgotten him by now.”


Brian held him tightly.  “Aiden knows we are looking for him.  He knows how much we all love him.”


“Dad, he probably thinks I hate him.  I mean, I couldn’t even pick berries with him.  I was so stupid.  How could I ignore him?”


“Gus, you aren’t the only one feeling guilty.  Justin and I were making love while you were with your brother.  We put our physical wants ahead of….”


“Dad, you don’t ask me to do much. I should have…”


“How about we both quit blaming ourselves and we can eat while we plan strategy for tomorrow.” Brian stood and offered his hand to Gus.  Gus took it and stood.  “Gus, I love you.  You know that, right?”


“Ya, but I can’t see how you can.” Gus walked past his dad and moved down the steps. 


As the evening went on Brian had contact with the search and rescue.  They planned to be back at sunrise.  The rain was supposed to end by early morning so, although the trails would be slick they would be out on them in full force. Gus had excused himself early and went to Aiden’s room.  The men sat up and drank some bourbon before going to bed early.  Brian went to the kitchen for some water when Ted walked in.


“Looks like we are both after the same thing,” Ted reached in and pulled out two bottles of water. “Brian, I’ve known you for, what, twenty years?” Brian nodded.  “How are you dealing with this? You don’t like to be out of control.”


“I want to run up that mountain and find our baby, but I would have no idea what to do.  I failed my husband and both my sons.  I can’t sleep. I shut my eyes and picture that little, blond angel and,” he dropped into a chair.  “I don’t want to think about it but he isn’t going to last out there too much longer.  I know he can’t live….”


“Oh Brian, I can’t say I know what it is like or how you feel.  I don’t have kids, but I am here for you.” Ted put his hand on Brian’s shoulder before bending over and kissing his cheek.  “Good night, Brian.  Try to get some sleep.”


 


Gus woke up at 4:00.  He had everything ready.  He had packed his backpack with fresh clothes for Aiden and he had some of his medication in it.  He moved down the steps silently and in the kitchen he grabbed as much food and water as he could fit into the bag.  He then laid the note he had written on the table and, after slipping on a jacket over his sweatshirt, he put a miner’s light on his head and took a flashlight before going out the door shutting it softly behind him.  


Gus had spent last night in his room drawing his own map that had all the big features he needed to find his way to the eagle treehouse.  It would still be dark for a couple hours but he planned to be a distance away before his dads were up or the search team arrived.  No one believed him that Aiden was up at that camp and he wasn’t sure why but he knew that was where his brother was.  Moving was slow on the slick trails but Gus was focused and he was going to find his brother or not come back at all.


 


“BRIAN! COME HERE! NOW!” Justin had woken early and went to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee. In the center of the table there was a paper that wasn’t there last night.  As soon as he picked it up a chill moved down his spine. That was when he had yelled, for Brian.  He heard him coming but he also heard movement upstairs.  Within moments not only Brian, but Ted and Victor were in the kitchen.


“Listen to this!” Justin began to read the note.


 


Dear Dads,


 


I am on my way to the eagle camp. Don’t worry about me, I can take care of myself.  


I have some warm clothes and food for Aiden and I have some of his medicine with me.


This is all my fault and I won’t come back without him.  When I find him I will  build a big 


fire so you can find us.


I am so sorry I caused all this and I can’t go on without him. 


Love you,     Gus


Brian took it out of Justin’s hand and read through it again. Instantly he rushed back to the bedroom and by the time Justin got back there, Brian was pulling on clothes.


“Brian, you aren’t going out there.”


“The hell I’m not.  Both of my sons are out on that mountain and I am going to go get them.”


Justin collapsed onto the floor where he was standing and put his face in his hand. He began to rock back on forth.


“Sunshine,” Brian said, dropping to a knee next to him, “I have to go.”


“No, you don’t!  I can’t lose you, too!” Justin held onto Brian’s waist.  “Please, darling, the search and rescue will be here within an hour.  We can point them in the right direction. I can’t let go of you. I can’t lose you, too.”


An hour later the grounds were crawling with volunteers and professional search and rescue teams.  The leader of the search listened to Brian and Justin and, although was sure Aiden wouldn’t be up at that camp, he sent a group of 6 up that direction to get Gus.


The groups were all dispersed to different spots to continue where they left off before the storm.  Everyone knew that all that rain washed away any tracks Aiden had left.  Ted and Victor did whatever they could to help anyone they could.  Brian and Justin both walked around in a trance.  They answered questions when they were asked but they both felt empty without their boys there.


 


Gus had to admit he was glad when the sun came up. It had been a long six hours.  He had moved slowly, knowing the path was dangerous when it was this wet.  The last thing he wanted was to break his leg.  That would distract the searchers from looking for Aiden.  After walking for two hours, Gus stood unsure of where to go.  He was looking for the stream that would lead him up to the eagle camp but at this point he was sure he heard water running from both directions. He tried to picture the map but didn’t remember seeing a stream in both directions but then he realized it was probably just from runoff because of the storm.  The sun would be up soon.  He may have to wait.


The teenager noticed a movement to his right and when he looked, he froze.  There was an enormous gray wolf standing about twenty feet away.  Gus had never seen a wolf that big.  The wolf started walking away but then stopped and looked back at Gus, as if to say ‘follow me’. The wolf repeated the process and this time, Gus felt drawn to it and he moved toward the wild dog. Gus moved slowly toward the beast and the wolf began to move at a pace Gus could keep up with.  


Fifteen minutes later, Gus stood at the stream and the wolf raced off.  He wasn’t sure what had happened but he now knew which way to go.  The sun was beginning to shine through the thick canopy as he followed the swift moving water.  It was another couple hours before he saw more light ahead and then he was in the opening.  He sprinted across the meadow, sure he was just minutes away from Aiden but then he froze at the bottom of the steps.  What if he wasn’t there but even worse, what if he was and he was….? He couldn’t think that way and he moved slowly up the stairs.


As he stepped on the platform he stopped again and looked at the door, hoping to see signs of life.  He just couldn’t be wrong.  He was so sure he wasn’t wrong.  He turned the knob and slowly pushed the door open. His eyes scanned the room.  He didn’t see anything but some chairs and in one of the chairs was a pile of garbage bags.  Gus had been so sure that Aiden would be here.  He moved across the room and opened the other doors so he could look out over the valley.


Softly, through tears, he said, “Aiden, where are you?”


“Gus? Is that you?”


 


The search teams had been out on the mountain for two hours when one of the search leaders came into the cabin.  “Mr. Kinney, I have been asked to escort you to a meeting point.”


Justin rushed to him, “Have they found him?”


“No, Mr. Taylor, but they have found some items and they need one of you to verify it is your son’s.”


Justin was already heading out the door when Brian grabbed his hand, “Why don’t you stay here.  I can do this.  Ted and Victor will be here with you.”


“No, Brian.  I am going with you! I can’t sit here any longer.”


“But what if Gus comes….”


“Ted and Victor will be here,” he looked at their friends and they both nodded.  With that, the men got onto four wheelers.  Brian and Justin followed the officer on their own machine. After riding about fifteen minutes they slowed down when they saw a tent and a couple of the volunteers waiting for them.  Brian and Justin got off and walked up to the tent.  


A young woman walked up to them carrying Aiden’s backpack.  “Gentlemen, is this your son’s?”


Brian nodded and put his arms around Justin.  He spoke, “Yes, that’s Aiden’s.  Where did you find it?”  They walked over to a map that was spread out in the tent and they pointed to the spot they located.  “Was there any sign of our son?”


“There aren’t signs of anything up there.  Everything smaller than this bag has been washed away.”


Justin took the bag and unzipped it.  He dug through it.  All the empty containers were in there.  “I hope he had them full….” Justin’s voice trailed off.  “What are you going to do now?”


“We have already notified the team that it was his.  They had already moved further on but now they know he had been through there,” one of the volunteers said. 


Justin started moving toward the woods. “Mr. Taylor,” the man they had followed stood in front of him. “We don’t need to have a third person to look for.” He looked over at Brian.  “Please go back to the cabin and wait.  We will keep in contact with those on the radio there. I need to get this group back on the trail.” With that he walked away and motioned for those waiting to follow him.


Brian and Justin stood wrapped in each other’s arms.  After several minutes Justin said, “No one is saying it but if he isn’t found today, he can’t make it.  His poor little body just won’t survive.  I don’t know if I can live without him, Brian.  I just can’t imagine…”


“Your mom and Molly are talking about coming out.  Should I tell them ….would you like your family to be here?”


“They can’t do anything.  No one can do anything.  I wonder where Gus ended up.  At least they should be able to track him.”  Justin looked up and kissed Brian’s waiting lips.  “Let’s go back to the cabin.  I….” Justin’s voice trailed off, not knowing what to say. 


 


“Aiden? Oh, god!  Aiden, you’re here! I knew you would be.” Gus rushed over and took his little brother in his arms, raining kisses all over his face.  “Oh, Aid, I am so sorry.  It is all my fault that you have been alone so long. Are you alright? How are you? How did you get here?  I bet you are hungry.  Let me get you some food.”


“Gus, will you just hold me for a little while.” Gus quickly took off his jackets and sat down, pulling him up on his lap.  He wrapped his jackets around his body.  Aiden’s whole body trembled. “I was so cold.  This is so much better,” he said softly.  Gus’ mind raced.  There was so much he needed to do but right now, he just held his brother. 


After about 15 minutes, Gus said, “Let me get you some food and I am going to start a fire so people will know I found you.” Gus got him some food and a bottle of water and then gave Aiden one of his pills.  Once he knew he had taken it, he left Aiden sit while he went outside, hoping he could find some dry wood.  At the bottom of the tree he found a stack of wood that had been protected somewhat by the storm and there was some dry wood there. He brought up as much as he could, knowing he would go back out to get some leaves hoping they will make the fire smoke more.  


By the time he had the fire going, Aiden was again sound asleep.  Gus touched his cheek and he verified what he thought earlier.  He was running a fever.  He wished he was smarter.  If he knew more he would know what to do for his brother.  He was so glad Victor was waiting at the cabin. Gus went back outside and found anything he thought would smoke a lot and he stuck that in the stove of the treehouse and then he went over to his brother.  


Gus helped him change into clean close.  Aiden barely had enough energy to even help Gus but once he was in clean, dry, warm clothes, he snuggled on Gus’ lap and slept.   Gus was so scared.  Now that he had found him, what if he was still too late.  Aiden’s life was so fragile right now.  Gus’ head bobbed as he drifted off to sleep himself.


 


Brian and Justin were laying in their bed.  They were both so emotionally drained they couldn’t sleep but they couldn’t function either.  They were even too numb to hold each other at this point. 


Ted and Victor were in the living room and could hear the volume in the kitchen rise.   “Sir, you’re the doctor right?”  A young man said as he rushed in.


Victor stood, “Yes, did someone get injured?”


“We were told that the older son said he would be lighting a big fire if he found his brother, right?”


“Yes, he did,” Victor responded as Ted went down the hall to get Brian and Justin. 


Ted knocked and opened the door,  “I don’t know what it is but something is going on.”


By the time the three of them arrived back in the living room Victor was pulling on hiking boots. He spoke as he did so.  “They have spotted smoke in the area of that camp Gus was heading for.  A helicopter will be landing here in moments.  I am going with the rescue team. Darling,” he looked at Ted, “could you go get my medical bag?”


“We have a vehicle getting as close as it can but once we get in the air we should have our team up there in about ten minutes.  When they get up there they will get him down…”


“Ask Gus about the roller coaster.  I know it sounds crazy but that way the vehicles only have to get to the first camp.”


“I will remember,” Victor said as Ted handed him his bag.  He kissed Ted.  “I will be back soon, love.”


“Be careful, Victor.  I love you.” 


“I love you, too!” Victor said as he moved out the door just as the helicopter landed. Before Brian and Justin could absorb everything, Victor was out the door and the helicopter was again lifting off. 


 


Gus was dreaming.  He was following the big wolf but he ran away because of the helicopter.


“Gussy, what’s that noise?” Aiden asked Gus.


“Hey, buddy, let me go check it out,” he stood and set Aiden back on the chair.  Gus opened the door and, just like in a movie, two men were descending ropes and a third was being lowered in a basket. As soon as the men were on the ground and out of the basket the copter was gone. 


“We’re here.  Aiden’s up here.  He needs help.  He’s really sick!” Gus had tears rolling down his cheeks and when he realized the man that had been in the basket was Victor, he started sobbing.  “Hurry, he isn’t very good.”  One of the men was already talking to the headquarters, stating they had both boys.


Brian, Justin and Ted were standing in the kitchen when they got the word that they had been located although they didn’t know any details at this moment.  Brian and Justin held onto each other. “They’re alive.  They are both alive,” Brian whispered in Justin’s ear and they kissed.  


And now they had to wait. 


 


Within minutes Victor had checked Aiden out and since Gus had already gotten him warm and had him drink water and eat a bit, the best thing for all of them was to get Aiden off this mountain.  The helicopter would be waiting down past the other camp but they needed to get Aiden there as fast as they could.


Victor took a moment to look at Gus, “How are you, young man?”


“Is Aiden going to be Ok?” Victor put an arm around Gus’ shoulders.  


“You found him and you got him dry and warm.  You got him his medicine and made sure he drank and ate.  You did perfect.  Now, your dads said I was supposed to ask you about the roller coaster.”


“Holy shit! I never thought about that!” Gus said.  


“Gus, while my new friend and I get your brother checked over a little better, can you show this strong man where this thing is?”


“Sure, follow me!” Gus rushed out and the man followed him.  By the time Gus came back, Victor had Aiden all bundled up and while Victor carried his bag, Gus grabbed his bag and the rescuer carried Aiden while the second man waited at the cart for them.  Aiden sat between Gus and Victor while the other men sat in front and they moved slowly down the mountain.


Brian and Justin had been notified that Victor and the boys were on the cart now and then they would have to hike out to the parking area they had left their SUV in when they had stayed out here. When the cart stopped at the end there were several people waiting for them.  They had four wheelers waiting.  Victor held on to Aiden as someone drove them and Gus got on the back of the other.  They moved slowly down the rough trail to make it as easy on Aiden as they could and once they had gotten to the parking area Victor was on the helicopter with Aiden almost before Gus was off his.  He moved toward the loud machine when he was stopped by someone.


“I’m sorry, but the helicopter is full.  We will get you back to your dads.”


Gus wanted to argue but he knew it was best for Aiden.


The next two hours was a blur of activity.  By the time Gus arrived back at the cabin, his dads were already gone. The search and rescue were clearing out and Ted was waiting for Gus. When Gus walked in the door, Ted hugged him tightly. He softly said, “Your dads wanted to wait for you but if they did they wouldn’t be able to get to the hospital shortly after the helicopter.”


“Have you heard anything else about Aiden? Is he doing Ok?”


“I haven’t heard anything other than the helicopter has landed and your dads should be there in about half an hour.  Victor is with Aiden.”  Ted took a step back and looked at Gus.  “Cry if you want. You do realize if it wasn’t for you they might still be looking for him.  They didn’t think he would be up there.  I can’t say leaving in the middle of the night was smart but you found your brother.” Ted hugged him again, kissing his cheek.  Gus held onto him tightly for several moments.  


“I want to go be with my dads and Aid. Ted, he looked really sick. Can we go? What if...”


“Don’t think that way, Gus.  Why don’t you go grab whatever you think you’ll need in case you don’t get back here before going on to Pittsburgh.  I will make sure everything gets shipped back and I will get GC back, too.  For now the caretaker will keep an eye on GC until we know what is up.”  Ted put his hand on Gus’ cheek, “Victor is with him.  He will do everything possible to get him healthy.”  He kissed Gus’ forehead and encouraged him to go upstairs to get his things.


 


Brian and Justin sat in the back of the SUV.  One of the volunteers was driving so neither Brian and Justin would have to drive.  Both were in an emotional fog.  They held onto each other as if they were one, and in so many ways they were.  They both knew at this point they needed each other as much as they needed the air to survive. When they got off the mountain road, a police escort was waiting for them and then they flew down the road.  


As they got near to the hospital, their driver was talking on his phone.  As soon as he got off he spoke to them, “Your son and friend are at the hospital.  We should be there in ten minutes.  There will be an escort waiting for you to take you directly to his room.”


“Thank you,” Brian said.


“Did they say how he was doing?” Justin wanted any information he could get.


“No, sir.  They just wanted to know where we were so they could get someone to the door for you.” The driver focused on the road and sped up to keep up with the police.


“Brian, he …..”


Brian pulled Justin near him and kissed him gently.  “We found him, Sunshine.  He has to be fine.” Brian’s head dipped and took Justin’s lips again. He took it deep and felt Justin relax a little bit. “I love you, Justin.”


“I love you, too, Brian,” he rested against his chest.  “I wish we could have waited for Gus.  I feel so bad that he isn’t here.  I mean he found Aiden. Our family won’t be complete until he gets here.”


The car started to slow down and Brian took Justin’s hand. They pulled into a side drive and the door opened.  Brian got out of the car and offered his hand to Justin.  They held hands as they rushed into the building.   There was a woman standing there.  “Gentlemen,  I will need one of you to fill out paperwork but first I will take you to your son.  I’m Julie by the way.  If you need anything just ask for me.” She was moving swiftly down a hallway.  Julie stopped in front of a door. “I promise this will just be a second but I want to let them know you are here” and she disappeared into the room.


Justin wrapped his arms around Brian’s waist.  Brian pulled him close and they stood there silently. 


Moments later she came back out.  “Gentlemen, he is kind of out of it but he is so excited you are here. Your son is adorable, by the way.  He has already won everyone’s heart here.”  


Brian and Justin entered the room and they saw him.  Aiden looked so little and his skin color was about the same color as the sheets. Justin went to one side of the bed and Brian went to the other. Victor came up behind Justin and put his hands on his shoulders.  “Aiden, your daddies are here.” He kissed Justin’s cheek. 


Aiden’s eyes fluttered open, “Oh, Daddy,” he tried to sit up but couldn’t do it on his own strength. Justin hugged and kissed him, not wanting to let him go.


Brian leaned over him, “Hey, Aiden.”


“Big Daddy,” he put one of his arms around Brian.  “I missed you both.  I’m sorry.  I know it was my fault.  I walked away from Gus.  Where is Gus? Is he mad at me?”


“Oh, no, baby.  Uncle Ted is driving him here right now,” Justin said and kissed him.


“Aiden, I am going to go talk to your dads for just a minute, Ok? You can close your eyes and rest.”


“Ok, Uncle Victor.” Aiden closed his eyes with no fight at all.


“Let’s step into the hall,” Victor led them out of the room.


“Victor you’re scaring me,” Justin said as they stood in a close group.


“He is so pale,” Brian stated flatly.


“I am not going to lie to you.  If Gus hadn’t gone with his gut, I don’t think Aiden would be on  this plain anymore. He is a very sick little boy.  This hospital is amazing but they don’t have everything our big hospitals have.  I have ordered a plane to be here tomorrow. He needs to stabilize a little bit before he can be transported.”


“Victor, you need to tell us the truth.  How serious is this?”  Brian put an arm around Justin.


“Missing several days  of his medicine didn’t help but then being out in the extremes, including that storm, was even harder on him.  He needs rest and quiet, not to mention he is having a blood transfusion right now just to get strong blood in with his own so his body doesn’t have to work as hard to repair his blood.”


“Victor, is my baby going to make it?”


“You know I can’t answer that, but what I can say is I will not leave his side.  It is funny, on the flight in, he was mumbling about a wolf.  He kept talking about following a wolf.  I am sure he will tell you about it later, but right now, I know you have paperwork to fill out and the best thing for your little boy is sleep and seeing you now and then.  I am waiting for blood results and, once I get them, I will find you if you aren’t back by then.”


“But, Victor, I want to….”


“Justin, I know you want to hold your little one and never let him go but, right now, he needs to be as quiet as he can be.”


“Come on, Sunshine.  Let’s get that paperwork done.  I am going to text Gus and let him know we are with Aid and find out how long he will be.”


They sat in Julie’s office and Justin started filling out insurance paperwork while Brian texted Gus.



Gus pulled out his phone.  “My dads have seen Aiden.  They want to know how long it will be before we get there.”


“My phone tells me 20 minutes,” Ted said.


Gus responded to Brian. “I need to see him.  He looked so….so little and sick,” Ted reached over and patted Gus’ shoulder. Ted pushed down on the gas pedal.  Gus texted as they were pulling into the front drive thru of the hospital where Brian and Justin were waiting.


Brian and Justin wrapped their arms around Gus and the three of them hugged.  They stood that way for a long time.  Both Brian and Justin were kissing him and held onto him.   “How is he, Dad.  Is Aiden going to be Ok? He looked so little when I found him. He was so smart.  He had wrapped himself up in garbage bags which helped keep his body heat in.”


“And we heard you were smart and brought him warm clothes, food and his medicine.”  Justin kissed him again.  “You had us so scared.  Don’t ever do that again! But if you hadn’t….”


“I’m sorry, but I knew he had to be there.  I don’t know how but I did.” Gus said. “Can I go see him? I just need to see him.”


Ted had parked the car and the three men and Gus walked in together. They walked quietly through the hospital and as they got to the door, Brian opened the door and signaled to Victor.  He came out and before anything else, he kissed Ted. “So good to see you, my love.” Ted put his arm around Victor and rested their heads against each other.


“Gus was wondering if he could see his brother for just a moment,” Brian said.


“Oh, yes, for a very short time,” Victor smiled at Gus.  “You did a great job, Gus.  Don’t doubt it.”


“The three of them walked in the hospital room.  Ted and Victor followed them in but hung back by the door.  Victor nodded at the nurse who had been staying with him and she stepped out of the room.


“Hey, bro, you awake?” Gus took Aiden’s hand and squeezed it gently.

 

“Gus, is that you?” Aiden’s eyes fluttered open.  “I love you, Gus, you saved me! Well, you and the wolves saved me.” Aiden’s voice dropped off as he said it and then before they knew what was going on, alarms were going off on one of Aiden’s machines and Victor instructed Ted to take Brian, Justin, and Gus out of the room.  As they moved down the hall they saw the crash cart being rushed into Aiden’s room.

Chapter 8 by Simply written

Chapter 8


 


“What happened? Did I do something? Oh, god!” Gus started melting down.  Justin’s arms went around him as they sat down in a small waiting room.  


“Sweetheart, don’t jump to any conclusions. Aiden is very weak.  His blood needs a boost. As soon as he is stable, we will be flying back to Pittsburgh.”


“Damn, I’ll have to go back to the cabin and pack up our things and get GC,” Brian just realized they didn’t have their things.


“Brian, I will gladly do that but I just realized I don’t know what you all brought along.  I might be able to figure out some of it but….”


“Ted, you don’t have to…” Brian said.


“Why don’t you make a list of the important stuff and I will go back right now and….”


“Thank you, Ted.  If the two of you hadn’t shown up…” Brian picked up a notepad that was on the table and a pen and started writing.


“Oh, Dad, this is all my fault.  Aiden could die and it is because I …. I’m a kid and you let me in charge of him!  I know I should have watched him but I didn’t and now…. I want to go home.  I want to see my moms.  I don’t want to be around any of you anymore!” As Gus started losing it he backed away from Justin.  “I want to go home!”


Victor walked in on the tail end of Gus’ rant.  Justin instantly stood and walked over to Brian.  “Victor….Aiden?”


“Aiden is fine.  When he moved to see Gus, his monitor wires came loose.  That was all it was.” Victor walked over to Gus and took his hands.  “Gus, you have been up a very long time.  You hiked through some very rough terrain.  I am guessing you haven’t eaten much if anything. Gus, let me give you a once over. You need some sleep and nourishment.  How would you like to share Aiden’s room while he’s here? You need to be with your brother. You are probably a little dehydrated, too.”  Victor gently guided Gus down the hall. 


Twenty minutes later Brian and Justin went into the room where both of their boys were now in beds.  Victor had them move the beds close enough together so they could hold hands.  Gus and Aiden were both asleep now.  


“Victor, is Gus alright?”


“Yes, he is a little dehydrated and he is very tired, both physically and emotionally. I gave him a little something to take the edge off and when breakfast arrives he should be awake again and feel like eating after this nap.”  Victor had to reach out and touch Ted who put an arm around his husband. Victor’s head rested on Ted’s shoulder for a second. “I would say, if all goes well, we should be able to fly home tomorrow. Physically, Gus will be fine by then.”


Ted told Victor he would be heading back to the cabin at daybreak to get the dog and personal effects.  “Not until you sleep a bit and eat as well.  Let me find you a bed.  It is a good thing this place is fairly empty.  I am sure I can find you a bed.”


As they walked out, Brian and Justin sat down on a couple straight chairs at the foot of their sons’ beds. It wasn’t long before they were resting against each other, realizing how tired they were as well. Brian made Justin put his head down on his lap and he slumped over top of him as they gave into fatigue.


 


When Brian sat up he ached all over.  He had to stretch but didn’t want to wake Justin.  As he shifted slightly Justin sat up slowly.  Brian thought the way he looked at that moment made him look like he was Gus’ age.  His blond hair was disheveled and his cheeks were flushed.  Brian reached out and smoothed his hair down a bit and then cupped the back of his neck and pulled him close. 


It had been so long since they had actually kissed. It wasn’t long before the kiss had gone to the next level. Justin had moved so he was stradling Brian and they both wanted, no, needed more.  Just soaking up each other’s body heat helped them regenerate.


“I love seeing you kiss,” a soft little voice said.  “Why is Gus in a hospital bed? Is he sick?” Aiden’s voice was full of concern.


Justin rushed to his side, “He is fine, Aiden.  He was just …”


“Hey, bro, I’m fine.  I was just really tired,” Gus said reaching for Aiden’s hand and squeezing it.  “I think Victor slipped me a mickey.  I was out but I am really hungry now.”


“I think breakfast will be here in a few minutes. I’ll go check with the nurses.” Brian walked over and kissed Gus and then Aiden before leaving the room.


“Can I do something for you, Mr. Kinney?” a young woman asked Brian.


“Our boys woke and are asking for breakfast.”


“I am sure it is almost ready but I will call the kitchen and see if we can get it delivered a little early.”


“Oh, I didn’t expect that.”


“We’re a small hospital.  It is pretty easy for us to make a few adjustments. I will get trays for you and your husband, too, and coffee?”


“Oh, bless you!” Brian touched the girl’s shoulder and she giggled.


“I’ll get it to you soon.”


Brian heard the girls react as he walked down the hall.  Maybe he hadn’t lost it yet. He was smiling when he walked into the room.  Justin had slid into bed with Aiden. His heart swelled and then stopped for a second realizing one or both of his boys could have been.


“Did I miss something?” Brian asked as he walked over to Gus and sat on the foot of his bed. 


“It seems like our boys shared an experience with a wolf on the mountain.” Justin commented.


“His name is Gray Wolf, Daddy,” Aiden said to Brian.  “He kept me warm and led me to the treehouse.  He and his friends  did.” 


Brian looked at Justin and then over to Gus, “And you saw these wolves, too?”


“I just saw one.  He was huge.  From what Aiden said it had to be the same wolf but he showed up when….I know this sounds crazy but I wasn’t sure which way to go and he led me to the stream so I could follow it up to Aiden.”


Aiden curled up against Justin again, “Why am I so tired, Daddy.  All I can do is sleep.”


“Well, baby, your body was without its medicine and you were cold and hungry.  As soon as you eat breakfast you can go back to sleep. We plan to fly home tomorrow.”


“I miss Grandma,” Aiden said sadly.


“Well, we can call her later so you can talk to her.”


“Ok,” and as Aiden said that the door opened and  a gentleman came in pushing a cart.  


“Good morning, men!” The man said, making Aiden giggle. “According to Dr. Victor you can eat anything you would like and as much as you like so the kitchen just made up a variety of selections so hopefully you can all find something you like.  If you need more of anything, just let us know.” He turned and looked at Brian and Justin, “I also have a pot of hot, fresh coffee and there is cream and sugar there.”


“Everyone has been so nice here.  Do you happen to know where Victor is?”


“He is actually helping our PA with an emergency that came in.  We could use a man like him here all the time.”


“Do you know where Ted is?” Brian asked.  “Victor’s husband.”


“Oh, he left about an hour ago.  Not sure where he went but…”


“We do,” Brian smiled, “Thank you.”


Justin was off the bed and started lifting lids. “Thank you so much for all of this,” Justin smiled at the man.


“If you two need a shower or a bed, I am sure we could find a room for you but, there is also a hotel just down the street, five minutes from here, that isn’t fancy but the rooms are clean and the water is hot. Let them know you have someone in the hospital and they give you a really good deal.”  With that he walked out of the room.  


Gus got out of bed and went to the bathroom before he looked at the food on the trays.  He took some eggs, pancakes and sausage. He sat on the bed and ate his food.  When he finished eating he said, “I’m going to take a shower. I feel disgusting.”  He had washed up a bit with Victor last night but now he just felt gross.


“I will find you a towel.” Justin was glad to see Victor when he got into the hall.


“How are our boys this morning?”


“Gus is ready for a shower.  Aiden is ready for a nap.”


“Did he eat?” Victor asked.


“Not as much as I would like. He just was too tired to…” 


“Justin, your boy is strong.  He has a bit of a road ahead again but …”


“He’s not out of the woods yet, is he?”


“He is doing well,” changing the subject, Victor said, “Let’s get you some towels.”


“Victor, just tell me one thing.  How long before you feel comfortable with telling me he’s good.”


“I can’t really answer that.  His numbers could all be back to his normal in a couple days but more likely it will be a little longer than that.”


“And Gus, he’s good, physically, right?”


“Yes, but he needs to talk to someone. If he is willing to be open, he should get through this easily with four caring parents.”


 


The day moved on.  They realized they needed to find a place for GC to stay until they left in the morning.  Brian called the hotel and explained the situation and they said GC was welcome in their hotel room so once Ted was back, Brian and Justin went to the hotel for a little while.  Ted assured them he would let them know if they were needed. Both Gus and Aiden were still sleeping most of the time, and Brian and Justin could use a couple hours of sleep themselves.


“I asked if they had a room with a large tub.  They laughed and said they did, so I am curious what they actually have. 


Brian went in and got a key card and directions to their room.  They parked at the nearest door and Brian grabbed a bag for each of them and Justin walked GC to their room.  Justin walked in ahead of Brian and started laughing.


“What is it, Sunshine?” Brian asked but then saw it.  In a corner of the room was a huge champagne glass bathtub with a staircase leading up to it.


Without another word, Justin ran up the steps and started the water and then began to slowly undress.  He tugged off his T-shirt and then he kicked off one shoe and it fell down the steps, and then the second shoe.  Brian tugged his shirt off and then his shoes.


As Justin started to undo his fly, Brian began to crawl up the stairs, one step at a time. When he got to the top step Justin was stepping out of his jeans and Brian began kissing his way up Justin’s well muscled leg. As his tongue began to lap at his inner thigh, his thumbs slipped up the waist of Justin’s briefs and tugged them down as he found his reward.


“Brian, I am filthy. I can’t remember the last time I really showered.  Let’s…”


Brian cut off his words by taking Justin’s now straining cock into his mouth.  Justin held onto the rail for balance as Brian leisurely kissed, licked, and nibbled on Justin’s erection.  


“Oh, Bri, that feels so….” and with that Justin climaxed with a shout.  GC yipped, in response to Justin’s excitement.  Justin then sort of melted and Brian offered his hand as Justin stepped down into the tub.  Brian quickly finished undressing and slipped into the tub with him. The men spent the next half hour touching and kissing.  They relaxed and washed each other. They dried each other off as the water went down slowly.  They fell into bed together and in moments, after the relaxation in the tub, they slept.


The wake up call came late in the afternoon.  They had told the boys they would bring pizza for dinner, after clearing it with Victor.  And once they got to the hospital, Ted and Victor were coming to the hotel for a night of sleep.  They assured Brian and Justin they would let GC out before they went to bed for the night in case Brian and Justin stayed at the hospital all night.


Brian, Justin, and the boys had a quiet evening.  They managed to get Aiden to eat a piece of pizza before he went back to sleep. Brian went and found a deck of cards and they played cards with Gus for a couple hours.  Finally, Gus said, “Dads, I know you are hanging around here for me but I told Cass, I would chat and then I will either go to sleep or watch a movie. Oh, and I need to email my moms.”


“We get it.  You are tired of all this parent time.”


“I don’t mean….


“Gus, call us if either you or Aiden need us,” Justin said.


“I will.  I’m fine, really and you know he will just sleep.” Gus’ voice had a depressed quality but they knew he still had a lot to work through and maybe Cass was just what he needed right now. After hugs, Brian and Justin left the hospital for the short trip to the hotel.


 


Gus quickly emailed his moms and told them he would be home tomorrow night. He said he would be staying at their house.  He told them he didn’t care who was or wasn’t there but he couldn’t deal with their fighting, not right now.


Next, he decided to call Cass. “Oh, Gus, is that really you?  Where have you been? I thought you would be home by now?”


“God, I wish you were here.  I really wish we …. Well you know.  I miss kissing you so much.”


“Gus, why didn’t you come home yesterday, like you were supposed to?””


Gus told her all about Aiden getting lost and how they searched for two day and then how he found him yesterday morning.


“Oh, Gus, that was so dangerous but so brave. How is your brother?”


“He’s not very good,” his tone went sullen. “I’m still really worried about him.  When I get home I am going back to my moms’ house so my dads can focus on Aiden.  It could be a long time before everything gets balanced again.”


“And this all happened because we were texting?”


“It happened because I’m a screw up.”


“You’re not a screw up, Gus.  I am sure you never stopped tracking him for more than a couple seconds.  What does Aiden say?”


“He blames himself but I don’t want him to do that. I was in charge.  I will never do that again.  I just can’t risk Aiden’s life again because I am an asshole.” 


Cass, thinking about how happy Gus had been the last time they chatted asked,“Are your fathers telling you to do that, to move in with your mom? We both know Mel isn’t living at that house.”


“No, I haven’t told them yet but it is just better. And when Aiden is going through a rough spot I usually move in with my moms.  They figure they can’t give me much attention when he is sick.”


“Babe, you know how much happier you have been with them, right? I just don’t want you to get back in with those jerks you were hanging out with.”


“They aren’t that bad.  And they are always there for me,” Gus was getting a little upset but he lowered his voice, not wanting to wake up Aiden.


“I’m here for you, Gus,” Cass tried to calm him a bit and changed the subject.  “I can’t wait to see you.”


“I will let you know when I get home.  We are taking a private medical plane so we don’t have a specific schedule.  Cass, I love you.  I want to be with you tomorrow.”


“Let me know when you are in the city.  I would love to see you tomorrow. I can’t wait to be with you, either.”  With that the call ended.


“Gus, who were you talking to? Was it your girlfriend?”  Aiden held out his hand and Gus took it.


“Yes, it was.” 


“When can I meet her? She sounds nice.”


“She is very nice.  I hope you will get to meet her very soon.  You just need to get healthy and strong again and she will come and visit.”


“Ok, Gus.  Where are Daddy and Big Daddy? I hope they are getting some sleep.”  


“That is exactly what they are doing.  If you need anything, just wake me up.”


“You are always there for me, Gus.  I love you.”


Gus swallowed hard, “I love you, too, Aiden,” but he kept hearing the word ‘always there for me’ over and over in his head as he drifted off to sleep.


 


Brian and Justin had fallen into bed and slept.  Justin woke after midnight and called the nurses station and he was assured the boys were both sleeping soundly.  


Brian reached over and rested a hand on Justin’s hip, “The boys?”


“They are sleeping,” Justin reached over and touched Brian’s cheek moving closer.  As he did so, Brian’s hand came to rest on Justin’s ass and he pulled Justin against him. A shiver ran through both of them and it was only a matter of seconds before they both had slipped off their briefs and they both began to stroke each other and kiss.  Justin began to take control and soon he was sitting astride Brian and linking fingers with him and moving his hands above his head, Justin’s mouth and tongue continued to probe and tantalize until Brian begged for something, anything more.


Justin rolled over taking Brian with him and after placing one leg on Brian’s shoulder and the other off to the side.  Brian positioned himself and locking eyes with Justin, moved into him.  He saw the moment of pain cross his face but then the euphoria of having Brian inside him while Brian’s mouth claimed his. 


“Harder, Brian, god I need…” he didn’t have to ask again.  Brian moved quickly and forcefully, making Justin’s whole body move on the mattress. When Justin gave up control so did Brian and together they shouted and Brian collapsed down on him as GC’s head popped up and rested on the bed, making sure his masters were both safe. 


As Brian rolled off Justin he reached over and patted his head. “We’re good, boy.  Go back to sleep.” The dog followed direction and went back to the patch of rug he had been sleeping on. Brian pulled Justin close. “I didn’t realize how badly I needed that.”


“Can we be sure both our boys are alright?” Justin asked Brian, not letting his concern go.


“We both know it may take a while before Aid is back to full strength.  Hopefully after a couple more transfusions the medication will work again.”


“And Gus?  I think he is going to need real help.  He was just gaining some of his inner strength but from what I can see that is gone.  He will probably fight that and I can’t see his so-called friends helping but maybe Cass will be someone he will trust and go to.”


Brian kissed Justin’s forehead.  “I will contact her in the morning. I just want to make sure she understands what has happened. Maybe her maturity will be helpful in the long run. Now, let’s sleep a couple more hours before we check out.”  


“I love you, Bri. 


“Love you, Sunshine.” Brian kissed him once more before drifting off.


 


It was a very long day for everyone.  Victor and Ted made everything move smoothly.  Ted had everything loaded on the plane and had arranged for the rental car to be picked up at the small private airstrip. By 10:00 a.m. the plane was in the air with Victor, Ted, Brian, Justin, Gus, and Aiden, along with GC on it.  Aiden was so excited to see GC and GC didn’t leave his side. Victor stayed very attentive to Aiden but spent time with Ted also.  


When Victor was checking Aiden’s vitals, Brian sat down next to Ted. He didn’t say anything for a time but then he said, “I don’t know what we would have done without you and Victor the last several days. I am not sure Aiden would be with us if Victor hadn’t gone up the mountain and we could have never coordinated everything without you, Ted.” Brian’s voice broke a little.


“Brian, you have always been there for me. If you hadn’t hired me when you did, I may not be here at all today. Drugs were becoming more important than they should, and you knew that and still trusted me with your company’s finances.  I will always be here, Brian.”


“That’s what makes you so special, Ted.  You say it and mean it.” Brian hugged Ted.


“Excuse me, but I think you are hugging the wrong husband,” Victor smiled down on Brian and Ted.


Brian stood and patted Victor’s shoulder, “He’s all yours as long as you let me have him during the day at work.”


Victor took the seet, “As much as I know he loves me, making him quit work might be the one thing that he would refuse me and I would never ask him to do that.”


“You are the best.  How’s my boy?”


“He’s stable. It is just going to take his body time to get back into sync.”


Brian started to head back to Justin but then glanced at Gus.  He sat in the back with headphones on and his eyes shut.  Victor had already contacted a psychologist that specialized in teens. They would fit Gus in by the end of the week. He hadn’t talked to his son about that yet.  He walked over and sat next to him.  Gus jumped as his dad brushed a wisp of hair off his forehead.


“Oh, hey,” he took off the headphones.  “How much longer?”


“Probably about an hour and a half. How are you doing, Gus? I know we have been so distracted with everything. I feel like we haven’t given you the time…. Have I even said how amazing you are? You risked everything to find your brother, which by the way, don’t ever do again! We were so scared for both of you but we knew you could make it.  We knew you were strong and smart and would find your way but that didn’t make it easier for both of you to be gone.” Brian put his arm around Gus, who for just a moment leaned into him.


“I had to do it,” Gus said in a whisper.  “I let him get lost.”


“Gus, Justin and I know how much you love him.  We know you would never have done anything that would hurt him. We know how much you love your brother.  You can’t hold this over your own head.  There is no reason to.”


“I wish it was that easy. Everytime I close my eyes I see him so pale and so tired.  That is my fault.  That isn’t easy to let go of.”


“Gus, we want you to talk to someone, someone that will help you process all of it.”


“Dad, I just need to be home and see Cass, and I will be fine. I already told my moms I was going to be back there tonight.”


“No, Gus.  You are supposed to live with us for the summer.”


“Dad, you will need to focus on Aiden.  You don’t know how long he will be in the hospital or how long he will need special care.  I’m not leaving you.  I am just trying to make it easier for you.  I will come over a lot.  I just don’t want you worrying about what I am up to or if I am getting enough attention.”


“Gus, we can talk about that.  I appreciate you thinking about your brother, ahead of yourself.  I don’t want you to think you can’t stay with us.  We love you as much as we love your brother.  You know that, right?”


“I do, Dad.  I’m not sure why you do, but I know you mean it.”


Brian held his son for several minutes.  He knew Gus was right but he didn’t want him to go back into his mothers’ nightmare.  Hopefully, they had gotten things worked out because if they did anything that would hurt his boy… “I love you so much, Gus. You are part of my heart.” Brian sat there a few more minutes before he stood and Gus put his headset back on.


“What were you and Gus talking about?” Justin asked as he put his arms around Brian who had taken the seat next to him.


“Gus told his moms he was moving back in with them for now.  He realizes that Aiden will take up a lot of our time and he doesn’t want us to feel guilty when we can’t be with him.”


“Did you tell him about talking to the psychologist?” Justin kissed Brian’s cheek.


“I did but maybe we need to wait a few days.  I will give Lindz the information and have her talk to him about going as well as Cassandra.  I would feel better if I had already spoken to her.  I wish I knew if she was a mature 22 year old or a childish one.”


“He said he would come often so we will keep an eye on him and I think he will go, once everything settles down.”


“Are you sure going back….”


“I am sure now is not the time to argue this with him.”


“You’re right.” Justin’s finger trailed down Brian’s jawline and at his chin he turned him to face him directly.  He brought his lips gently against Brian’s.  I love you. If it wasn’t for you,I would have gone crazy the last several days.”


“It just shows we can do anything together.”


 


Before they realized it the plane was landing and Ted had made sure there were two hired cars there to get them all home. Gus had a message from Lindz saying she would be at the house about the time they arrived and then she would take him home.  Gus was already planning to leave for Cass’ apartment.  He needed to hold her.  He needed to feel her lips on his and he needed to feel her body against him. Gus flushed when he realized he had a boner. He just moved his bag in front of him so no one would notice.


Aiden and Justin went straight to the hospital along with Victor to get him checked in while Brian went with the boys and GC to make sure everything got put into the house before he drove himself back to the hospital. Ted had just left when Lindsay arrived. Gus was upstairs packing some things to go home with her, so Brian wanted to take the opportunity to talk to her for a few minutes without Gus around.


“Oh, Brian, how is Aiden? Is he here?” Lindsay gave Brian a big hug.


“No, he and Justin are in the hospital.  He will have to stay there a few days for sure.  Lindz, before Gus gets down here I want to talk to you.  Justin and I do not blame our son for what happened but he blames himself.  Victor has someone for him to see but he says he will be fine.  Please, keep an eye on him and if at all possible, keep him away from that gang of friends if at all possible.  I don’t think he needs their negativity.”


“Brian, you know how hard it is to keep someone away from their friends and Mel will never follow through with that.”


“Well, let him see them but follow through with curfews and how many nights he can go out.”


“Brian, don’t tell me how to parent our son.  I have had him a lot more of his life than you have,” Lindsay snapped.


“Will you two stop.  I don’t need you two fighting, too.” He looked at  his dad and then his mom.   He walked over to her and gave her a hug. “I’m ready to go.”


“Gus, I will talk to you tomorrow,” Brian hugged Gus.  “Please, take it a little easy and anytime you are ready to come back here you are welcome.”


“I will, Dad.  Tell Aiden I will come see him tomorrow.”


“I’ll let him know.” Brian helped carry one of the bags out to the SUV. “Lindsay, I am sorry if I…. it has been a very long five days.”


“I understand, Brian,” She kissed his cheek.  “I will take care of Gus.”


 


Gus had barely gotten settled back in his room when Lindsay said goodnight.  He texted Cass and waited long enough for her to fall asleep and then he slipped out the back door.  Cass met him at the corner and they drove to her apartment. Gus rushed around her car and opened the door for her.  As soon as she took his hand his body was quivering.  He pulled her close and kissed her.  His hands were slipping under the hem of her shirt so she could feel her warm skin under his fingers.


As his hands moved upward, she stopped him, “Gus, let’s go inside.  You can have one glass of wine and tell me all about your last week.  Or don’t tell me about it but I think you need to relax and we don’t need to be seen out here.”


 


Once they were in the apartment, Gus again took her in his arms, “Cassandra, I missed you so much.  My dads know about you and they want to meet you.  They seem cool with you.  They don’t want me to see the gang but I need someone to mess around with, unless you will let me mess around with you,? Gus grinned at her as his hand moved under her skirt and began to stroke her through her lace thong.”


“God, Gus, I missed you, too,” Cass’ body betrayed her but she managed to pull herself together again and away from him, “Tell me, my brave warrior, about the trek you took through the woods to rescue your brother.”

 

And with that, Gus wrapped his arms around his beautiful girlfriend and told her about his hike in the woods, not leaving anything out.

Chapter 9 by Simply written

“I know it is really hard to believe but, yes, a wolf first took care of Aid and then led me to him.”


“I believe you, Gus.  There are stories of animals keeping children safe for years. That is so amazing.”  Cass kissed Gus and he pulled her into an embrace.  His hand again moved under her skirt and he gently began to stroke the lace, sending a shiver through her body again. “Are you sure you have never had sex?”


“You are the first woman I have ever done this with.  I mean I kissed a couple girls and I guess at a party once I groped a girl but it was all through clothes. I was young.” He shrugged and let his finger slide under her underwear.


“Gus, we really probably shouldn’t….” Gus’ finger found her clit and she shivered.  She pushed him back a little bit. “Gus, if you knew how badly I want to continue that…. I am going to be honest because I want to always be honest with you.  Your dad texted me and asked me not to have sex with you until I have met them.”


“He what!  How could he do that?”


“Gus, he was very nice in his message.  He just said you have been through a lot this week and he wants your first time to be special, not in desperation.  He loves you, Gus.”


“Ya, I know he does.  But according to a former president, what I’m doing isn’t sex. So,” before she realized what he was going to do, he had dropped to his knees and ducked under her skirt. When his finger moved the scrap of lace to the side and he drug his tongue along her hot, wet core. He seemed to have a natural instinct and as soon as his tongue touched her clit he knew he had found the right spot. It was only moments before she was gasping and then climaxed with a scream.


“Oh, Gus.  That was beyond….”  she pulled him up and kissed him.  He started reaching under her blouse.  “Gus, I want to have your dads blessing.  I can get into a hell of a lot of trouble if I don’t have it and even if I do…”


“Why is age so important? We love each other.”


“Oh, Gus, I know but I am officially an adult and you, well…”


“I have been acting a lot more like an adult than my moms the last six months.”


“I know but you know what I am saying is true.” Cassandra said as she draped her arms around his neck. “If things were different… Damn, it would be amazing.”


“When are you going to talk to my dads?”


“Brian asked me to call him tomorrow.”


“I’ll go with you!” Gus interjected.


“No, love.  I need to do this.  I need to show your dads that I am committed to you and that I am not just someone who is trying to take advantage of a beautiful young man.” She kissed him gently but it made him want much more.”


“Damn, I hate that you’re right but you are.  My dads are willing to accept this if we do it right.”


“Well, I will have to work on your moms approval, too.”


“That won’t be easy.  Trust me, Mama is a lawyer and if this is done wrong….”


“Exactly, Gus, let me drive you home.  You don’t want them to find out about this and start out badly from the beginning. If we have your dads approval has to help.”


“Ya, you’re right. I can walk home.  You don’t have to drive me.”


“I am going to drive you home.  You don’t need to be out on the street alone.”


“I missed you so much the last month.”


“I missed you, too.”   Cass kissed him for several minutes before they walked out together and she drove him home. She dropped him off a few houses away and watched him slip into his backyard before she drove away.  The one thing she hadn’t said to Gus was that Brian asked her to help keep him away from the bad influences. She saw his bedroom light come on as she drove past after making a U turn.  Why couldn’t that boy be ten years older.  He would be the perfect marriage material, if he wasn’t 15.




The next morning, Cassandra got a call from Brian.  When she saw who was calling her she was very surprised. “Hello?” she answered tentatively.


“Cassandra, this is Brian Kinney.  We need to talk.  I am about to leave the hospital and was wondering if I could stop by your place. It won’t take long.”


“Oh, sure.  I am not going anywhere until this afternoon.”


“I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.  What kind of coffee do you like.”


“Um. a caramel macchiato?”


“I will be there shortly.”  Brian looked at Justin.  “I am going to meet Cassandra. Then I will go to the office but I will be back here before 1:00 so you can go to your office.” Brian kissed Justin.


“Mom is coming to be with Aiden  in a little bit so I can go to work.”


“Well, I will spend tonight here so you can get a good night's sleep.”  Brian walked over and kissed Aiden’s cheek.  “I’ll see you after lunch, Aid.  Can I get you anything special to eat?”


“Can you get me that ice cream with the sprinkles all through it?”


“Sure, Aid.  I will see you later. I love you.” 


“I love you too, Big Daddy.” Aiden responded.


Brian stopped at Justin’s side, “And I love you, Sunshine.”


“I love you, too,” Justin lifted his mouth for one more kiss before Brian left to meet with Cass.




Cassandra had straightened up her already neat apartment after the phone call from Gus’ dad.  She was very nervous.  She knew what she had been doing was dangerous and she wasn’t sure why this young man had touched her so deeply but from the first time she had caught him skipping English it was like he wore his soul on his sleeve.  And after all her education and her love of teaching her choices may have already ruined her career.  She jumped when the knock came on the door. She tried to calm herself and walked to the door.


As she opened the door, she had an odd sensation the moment she saw Brian.  Of course Gus had shown her pictures but the moment she met him she could tell he had the same magnetism as his son. “Mr. Kinney, please come in.”


“Thanks for letting me invade your space,” he handed a coffee to her and she motioned for him to sit down.


“No problem.  Gus told me you wanted to meet me. Mr. Kinney, I…”


“Brian, please, and although what you and my son are doing  wasn’t on my top list of things I hoped for him, I think I do understand a bit. When Gus needs something it is hard to resist him.”


“Yes, your son is special in so many ways. And, although he is handsome, that isn’t what I am talking about.  He is very intelligent and probably more sensitive than anyone I have ever met.”


“And that is what got you into this spot.  Gus feels everything so strongly and with his mother’s situation it had gotten more than he knew what to do with. He really was settling down.”


“I was worried about him.  I had no idea I was distracting him that day.”


“Cass, we don’t blame you for that.  We don’t blame anyone for that.  Aiden is an active six year old.  He got away. But I need to get to the point because I have a meeting.  We want to get to know you.  The only thing we ask is that you don’t have sex with him. You haven’t, have you?”


“No, I am not going to lie and say we haven’t ….explored, but we haven’t done that. I have to admit he is pushing for that.  Brian, I know you could stop my career with one word.  I love teaching.  I had never thought about doing this with a teenage boy….until I met Gus.”


“Well, I am sure you have seen him but as soon as Aiden is out of the hospital, we want you both to come for dinner and please, if you see him falling apart again,  let us know. If we need to, we will force him to come live with us. If you are going to be a part of his life you have to be a part of his team.” Brian stood.  “I’m sorry but I do have to go.  Justin or I will be in touch and please, keep in touch with us, too.”  Brian put his hand on her shoulder.  “I have no intention of ruining your life unless you hurt him.  If you hurt him, all bets are off and you can kiss your future in teaching goodbye.”


With that, Brian walked to the door. “Brian, I won’t hurt him and if I see more of the negative stuff coming back, I will let you know. I really do care about him.”


“I think you do,” he nodded and walked out the door.  




“Oh, Justin,” Jenn walked into the hospital room and hugged her son. “How is he doing?” she spoke softly as to not wake him.


“Mom, he is out of the real danger but his blood levels haven’t stablized yet.  He is getting daily transfusions and will until he is stronger.  I wouldn’t leave him with anyone other than you.  He has been asking for you.”


“Well, I can do a little bit of work from here but I can be here most days if you need me.”


“Thanks, Mom.  Mol said she would be coming with Tasha sometime this week, too. I hope in a couple days he will be able to go home.”


“You had to be terrified.  I was.”


“Yes, and if it wasn’t for Gus, he may not have made it but now we are worried about Gus, too.  He had just been returning to the old Gus when this happened and he blamed himself.  He has insisted on moving back in with Lindsay because he said it would be easier on us and maybe that is true but we would worry about him less if he was staying with us.”


“Oh, honey, Just worry about one thing at a time. Lindsay and Mel may not be the best parents right now but you know they love him.  And you and Brian will be able to give him the attention he needs soon enough. Now, go take care of that business and I will watch over my grandson.” She kissed Justin as she heard a small voice.


“Grandma, I have missed you!” Aiden’s voice though quiet was filled with excitement.


“Well, you got me, all day.”


Justin went home to shower and change and then went to the office.  He knew he would have a desk full of decisions to make and he really needed to talk to Lindsay, both about work and Gus.  He arrived around 10:00 a.m. but rather than coming in through the front door, he had slipped in the backdoor. He buzzed his assistant, Mitchell, and let him know he was in but he didn’t want to be disturbed. He then emailed Lindsay and said he would like to have lunch with her, if that worked for her. He sat at his desk and started going through emails and paperwork.


After working an hour and a half, Justin’s head was splitting.  He was really tired.  He had slept in bed with Aiden but he woke with every little noise.  He decided he was just going to rest his eyes for a couple minutes. He laid his head down. It would be better by lunch time.




“Justin, are you ready ….” Lindsay came through his office door.  She stopped talking when she saw him with his head down on his desk.  She debated about leaving again but then she walked over to him and touched his shoulder, “Hey, Justin, am I early?”


Justin jumped as he sat up.  “Oh, I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to fall asleep.  I had a headache from lack of sleep and…”


“Justin you should be home in bed or with your son.”


“Mom’s with Aiden and he sleeps 90% of the time. I needed to come in.  It looks like most things have been working out.”


“You had been keeping up until Aiden got lost.”


“Ya, I have a couple things here,” he handed Lindsay a stack of papers.  “These are all reviewed and signed.  “I also wanted to talk about Gus.  How was he last night?”


“We talked until I needed to go to bed.  He told me all about his adventure to find Aiden. He really saved him?”


“He did but he also feels guilty for what happened.”


“I kind of thought so, even though he didn’t say anything.”


“Did he call his girlfriend?” After Justin said it, he wished he hadn’t.


“He has a girlfriend?”


“I don’t think it is anything important.  We are actually more concerned about his group of friends.  We don’t think they are good for him. Did you know he was drinking and using pot?”


“Gus is too young to be doing that.  He would go out to a movie and then over to Mel’s new place a couple nights a week. I have to let him do that or she will fight me for custody.”


“Lindsay, Gus has been using your relationship issues to do whatever he wants, not to mention who he is hanging with. That group is the reason he is doing pot and drinking so much.  He has stability with us and as soon as Aiden is healthy again, Gus is coming back with us so someone will keep an eye on him.” Justin’s lack of sleep was affecting his normal ability to control his temper.  


“Justin, we are trying to….”


“You and Mel are so worried about getting back at each other that you don’t have any time for Gus.  You both just want him to like you best and….”  Now Justin stopped and tried to get control, “Lindz, I apologize for my tone but not for what I said.  Gus needs parenting, not pals.”


Lindsay was a bit taken aback by Justin’s reaction. “Well, if you feel I am doing such a bad job parenting maybe I am doing a bad job here too.  I just spent the last month holding your business together and this is your reaction! I am out of here and don’t call me when you don’t even know what is going on in your own business!” 


Justin watched Lindsay leave the building. What had he done?  He wasn’t sure he could run the business without her.  Mitchell walked in with a bag that contained lunch for him and Lindsay. “Mr. Taylor, I have your lunch but…”


“Thanks.”


“Is there anything I can do for you? Ms. Peterson seemed to be upset.”


“Mitchell, how involved have you been in the business the last month? Did Lindsay actually let you help do the jobs I turned over to you?”


“Mr. Taylor, while you were gone, Ms. Peterson….I’m not sure how to say this.  She actually was only here about half the time.  She did review all the final decisions but she had me doing a majority of the preliminary work.”


“Mitchell, do you have lunch plans?” Justin held up the bag of food Mitchell had just given him.  You can choose which one you want to eat.”


“Sure, I can fill you in on what I know about the different projects in process.”


“Thanks, Michell. And remind me to talk to payroll about your new position.”




Cass moved to her door, “Who is it?”


“It’s me, Cass.  Let me in,” Gus said from the other side of the door.


“Hey,” she said as she unlocked the door.  “What are you doing here? You know it is dangerous for you to come during the day.”


Gus walked in and pulled Cassandra into his arms and against his body. After he kissed her until her insides were jelly, he put a little space between them.


“Wow, what brought that on? And you know you shouldn’t be here now. Anyone could have seen you come in.”


“Please, Cass, I know.  I just went through a blow up with my mom and when I left she was screaming at Mama on the phone.” Gus sank into the sofa and pulled out a joint.


“Gus, what are... damn, why are you making this so hard. Are you trying to get me into trouble?”


“I’m sorry.  I’ll leave. I am sure some of the guys are hanging out in the normal spot. Gus started to stand up.


“Sit. You’re here now.  It would be better if you didn’t go right now.”


“I’m not going to stay just because you don’t want anyone to see me.”


“Gus,” Cass sat next to him and ran her fingers through his dark curls. Why did he have to be so young? “Stay, please.  I’m sorry.  You just surprised me and your dad was here today and…”


“Dad was here? I am guessing it was Brian? He wasn’t mean was he?”


“No, he was actually very nice.  He is just watching out for you which he should do.  You have had a lot going on. It is obvious he loves you.”


“Well, at least,” he took a long drag off the joint and after holding it for a moment he let out his breath. “Ya, they are pretty cool.  Way better than my moms.”


“So why did you decide to live with them?”


“Because they have so much going on with Aid right now.  What did Dad want?”


“He was just checking me out, I think.  I understand that and he said as soon as Aiden was home they were going to have us over for dinner.  Gus, I wish you would just live with them. You seem so much happier with them.”


“Cass, stay out of it,” he snapped and then took a deep breath. “I’m sorry.  I just can’t live there right now so I have to deal with my moms for a month or so.”


“Gus, I would rather you come here then hang out with those guys.  You know they are not good for you.”


He took another pull on the joint and passed it to Cass. She hesitated but then took it from him, “Cass, they are my friends.”


“Are they really? Haven’t they gotten you in more trouble than…”  she was feeling very relaxed now. “Never mind,” she passed it back to Gus and he took one last drag before dropping it into an empty soda can. Cass pushed Gus down on the sofa and followed him, laying on top of him.


“Does this mean…”


“No, Gus, we are not having sex but after last night I think I owe you.” She moved down his body and began to undo his zipper and then stopped, “You’re sure you want…”


“God, yes!” he unzipped his fly himself.


She started with his mouth and began to move lower.  This wasn’t the first time she gave him a blowjob but she had to admit she felt a little nervous doing it knowing his dads were aware of their relationship.  But with the help of the pot she couldn’t worry too much.  Damn, he had a beautiful body was her last thought as she took him into her mouth and soon Gus lost control, cumming deep in her throat. As she came back up his body Gus hugged her. Cass heard her phone beep and reached for it.  “It’s your dad. He is just making sure you are with me.” She texted back, ‘yes’ and they both drifted off.


Brian arrived at the hospital with Aiden’s ice cream and he ate about half of it before he fell asleep.  Jenn left and said she would be back in the morning. With Jenn’s help, they could make this work.  Brian had received texts from both Lindsay and Justin.  They must have had a major blow up and of course each had their own opinion. He of course trusted Justin’s account of the situation but he could also imagine Justin being tired and snapping much easier than he usually would. 


Lindsay must have gone home after blowing up at Justin and did the same thing with Mel and now they didn’t know where Gus was.  He had texted Gus and got back a response that he was fine and just wanted to get away from his mom when she was so upset.  When he asked where he was, he hadn’t responded for some time. He finally texted Cass with the question, ‘Is Gus with you?’.


Moments later he received one word back, ‘yes’.  He wasn’t sure why but he was glad he knew Gus was with her and not that group he called friends. As Aiden napped, Brian did some work on his laptop.  It was after 5:00 when he got a call from Mel.  He slipped out of the room so he wouldn’t disrupt Aiden’s rest.  “Hold on, Mel,” he said as he found a private waiting room down the hall.  “Sorry, I didn’t want to wake Aiden up.”


“Do you know where Gus is?” She said once he was back on.


“He’s doing fine, thanks for asking,” Brian said snidely.


“Brian, you have two sons.  Is Gus with you?”


“Well, what answer do you want, Mel? Do I know where he is or is he here with me?”


“Fuck you, Brian Kinney.  I am trying to find our son!”


“No, he is not with me but yes, I know where he is.”


“Well, where is he!  I am not going to get Lindsay off my back until I find him.”


“Mel, that is the only reason you want to know where he is.  You want to be able to say that you found him and he came home to you. But you really don’t care what he is doing.”


“That isn’t true.  He has been so distant.”


“Mel, the last semester of school while you and Lindz screamed at each other he made a group of the worst kind of friends and he started drinking and using pot.  But you didn’t notice that.”


“I knew he had hooked up with the wrong group but the last month he had turned around.  You saw his grades come up.”


“And why was that, Mel? Were you tutoring him? Was Lindz giving him quality time?”


“I don’t know….he pulled his ass together and got back on track.”


“Mel, if you can’t admit you have let him run wild and allowed him to make all his own decisions, you don’t need to know where he is.  He is fine and I have a small son who I don’t want to leave alone any longer. He will be at Lindsay by his curfew.” With that Brian ended the call.


When Brian walked back into his room, Justin was sitting on the edge of Aiden’s bed, talking to him about his day with his grandmother. “Hey, gorgeous,” Brian kissed Justin and winked at Aiden.  “I was on the phone with Mel.”


“Did she tear me apart?”


“No, she is just being her normal self.  Mainly she was wondering if I knew where Gus was.”


“Big Daddy, Is Gus coming to visit me?” Aiden asked. 


“Since I know your Daddy is here, I’ll go call him and let him know you would like a visit.”  Brian went back out to the small room and called Gus.  Brian was expecting to leave a message when Gus’ voice came on the line. 


“Hey, Dad.”


“Glad you picked up.  Your brother is hoping you will stop by the hospital.  Can Cass bring you over? Maybe you could pick up some pizza for all of us or burgers.” Brian heard some muffled talking and then Gus came back on. “Are you inviting Cass to eat with us, too? I’m just wondering.”


“Yes, of course she is welcome.  Gus, I told your moms you would be home by curfew.”


“Ya, Cass will drop me off after we have dinner.  Can you let mom know I am having dinner at the hospital.  I’m not sure she will believe me.”


“I will. We’ll see you in half an hour?”


“Yes, we will leave now.”




It was less than half an hour when Gus stuck his head into Aiden’s room, “Hey little bro,” Gus smiled over at him.


“Gus, you came!” Aiden smiled from ear to ear.


“I brought dinner and a friend along.  I hope chicken sandwiches and fries sound good.”


“Who’s your friend?” Aiden asked.


Gus looked back into the hall and then he walked in with a bag of food in one hand and with his other hand he held Cass’ hand. “Aid, this is Cass.”


“Your girlfriend?”


“Well, my friend anyway.”  Cassandra waved at Aiden.


“Hi Cass.  Thanks for coming to visit me.”


Cass’ heart instantly melted. “It is very nice to meet you, Aiden,”she walked over and shook his hand gently.  “I am glad you're getting better.”


“I am. It’s because Gus saved me.”  Brian started pulling the food out of the bag while Justin and Cass introduced themselves to each other. An hour later Gus gave Aiden a big hug and then Aiden motioned for Cass to come over and he gave her a hug too. “Will you come visit me again, Cass?”


“I would love that, Aiden.  For the summer I don’t have a lot to do so,” Cass looked over and Brian and Justin, “if you ever need a friend to stay with you for an hour or two, I would love to do that.” Brian and Justin left Aiden alone for just a moment as they walked Gus and Cass out to the door.


“Cass, were you serious about being willing to stay with Aiden some times?” Justin asked.


“I would love it! He is such a cutie.”


“Well, we are hoping to have him come home next week, just in time for the Fourth of July and my mom wants to help out a couple days a week but we have a couple more days that we could use some help.  It could be flexible.”


“Oh, yes.  I could make that work.  I have the month of July off yet.  I will start working for the school system in early August.”


“That would be perfect.” Justin hugged the young woman and then hugged Gus.  “I will be in touch.  Gus, your mom is probably very upset with me.” 


“Ya, she was but I told her I didn’t want to hear about it and that is when I went to Cass’ place. It will be fine.  I can deal with her.” Gus hugged both his dads and Justin said he would be in touch with Cass as Gus and Cass walked out of the hospital.


“Damn, I was hoping I wouldn’t like her, but I do,” Justin said as he linked arms with Brian.


“I know. I really think it is a case of those two meeting at the wrong time of their lives.  Gus needs her but he can’t be with her, not at this age. Do you think Gus can deal with Lindz or should I call her?” Brian asked.


“We have to just let him try to deal and hope he will ask for help if he needs it,” Justin kissed Brian as they walked into Aiden’s room.


“Do I really get to go home soon? I miss GC.”


“Well, GC misses you, too, and Dr. Victor said if you keep feeling better you will be home by the Fourth of July.”


“Yeah! And I like Cassie.  Is she really going to babysit me?”


“It sounds like she is free and since you probably can’t go to day camp like we had planned in July, it will be a big help if she is willing.”


“I wish I could go to day camp but since I need naps right now, the kids would just make fun of me and call me a baby.  They don’t understand that they are being mean.”


“Well, I have a feeling you will have both Gus and Cass around part of the time.” They chatted for a little longer and then Justin went home while Brian slipped into bed with Aiden to keep him company for the night.




By Friday, Aiden was ready to go home. Talking to Jenn and Cass, Justin and Brian had figured out a schedule that Cass would be there two days a week, Jenn would spend two days and then Brian and Justin could take turns on Friday.  All of this would start next week after the Fourth celebration.  Gus had stopped by the hospital once more but the other couple days he had an excuse.  When Justin talked to Cass, getting the schedule set up, he mentioned Gus and she said she hadn’t seen him either although they had talked every day. 


“Cass, do you have any idea what Gus is up to? Since his mom doesn’t work for me anymore, I can’t ask her,” Justin was concerned.


“I’m a little worried, Justin.  He told me he was staying home with his mom since she was out of work but when I was at the mall, meeting a friend, I saw him with some of those kids that are, I hate to say it but, just bad news.”


“Did you ask him about it?”


“He said they had just gone to a movie but he went home after that.”


“And you don’t believe him?” Justin probed.


“No, I hate to admit it but I drove past his house and his mom was on the front porch and the house was dark except for a room downstairs.  Gus wasn’t there.  It was obvious. When I asked him about it the next day, he told me to stop drilling him and ...well he said a couple other cruder things which tells me he has been drinking again, too.”


“Cass, if you would rather not work for us…”


“Oh, no, this is exactly what I have been looking for, a part time job and I love Aiden.  It’s not like Gus will be at your place and maybe that crew just lured him in for a day of debauchery.”


Justin softly said, “Cass, you are really good for him. I wish…. Well, we both know the situation.”


“Justin, he really is a good boy, but I do know he is a boy and his inability to stand up to those kids.  I know his heart really is good but he is confused.  I think this situation with Aiden had an effect and the fact that his mothers are playing ping pong with him doesn’t help.  He tries to be an adult but gets pulled back into bad behaviors.”


“Cass, you are a very smart young lady.  Whoever does win your heart will be a lucky young man.”


The first night back at the house they kept it low key.  It was just Brian and Justin and a very excited GC with Aiden.  They tried to get Gus to come by but he said he was going to dinner with Mel. And Brian tried to contact Mel but she wasn’t taking his calls right now. It was no wonder Gus was acting like a child. So were both of his mothers.  Both Brian and Justin were keeping track of the ignored calls and copies of the texts and emails, helping build up a case against them if it was necessary to go back to court to get full custody.  They were really hoping Gus would realize on his own that moving back was best for everyone.  Gus really was fifteen and he may have to be told what to do.  The problem was his mothers were not doing that.


GC and Aiden spent time on the back deck and when Aiden was too tired to stay awake any longer, GC followed him to bed, jumping up and laying next to him.  Once Brian and Jusitn were sure he was sound asleep, still in their shorts and T shirts, they fell into bed themselves.  They were both exhausted after the last couple weeks. “Do you really think he is better?” Justin asked as he rolled into Brian’s side and kissed Brian ‘s neck.


“You know Victor would not have allowed him to come home if he wasn’t strong enough,” Brian’s hand slipped under the hem of Justin’s shirt and rested on the small of his naked back and let his fingers play with the waistband of his shorts. A shiver ran through him. “Sunshine, I think this is the longest we have gone without…” Brian tugged off Justin’s shirt and then gently rolled so he pressed Justin into the mattress.  His mouth brushed against Justin’s and then followed his jawline up to his ear, “I love you, Sunshine.  I have missed you so much.” His lips went back to Justin’s.  


Justin wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck, “God, I almost forgot how good your body feels.” Justin used one hand to begin to tug down Brian’s shorts.


“Slow down, Sunshine,” Brian’s mouth moved down Justin’s neck.  “We have time to enjoy each other.” He began to slowly move down Justin’s body, enjoying every inch of his skin.  He feasted on the warm skin. When he drug his teeth along the inner side of Justin’s elbow, he gasped.


“Oh, god, Brian, I need you.” 


“And you will have me when you can’t take anymore.  Roll over, Sunshine.” Justin followed direction and as Brian’s tongue trailed down Justin’s spine, Brian removed his shorts. Justin fought to keep control but as Brian’s mouth began to leave light kisses on his lower back and then as Brian’s tongue took the path of least resistance even lower, Justin whimpered.


“Brian, I need you to  kiss me. I need to taste you!” Justin kept his voice soft but there was no doubt in his urgency.  


Brian moved so he could remove his own clothes and then put Justin flat on his back but then moved so Justin’s legs rested on Brian’s shoulder.  Brian leaned down and kissed him for so long Brian felt the stretch of the position he was in but the discomfort only heightened his need. Brian leaned over once more and softly said, “Damn, but your body is perfect!” With that he entered him.  He moved in and out slowly at first but it had been so long for both of them, neither of them had patience. Brian thrust fast and hard and together they crashed into perfection.




Ten minutes later Brian’s head rested on Justin’s chest and a light blanket was pulled up to Justin’s waist.


“The only thing that would make this night perfect is if Gus was in his room,” Justin said as his fingers ran through Brian’s hair.


“Ya’ Cass is growing frustrated with him.  I had a feeling his immaturity would eventually show her that their relationship just had nowhere to go. And I wish it was different because I really like her.”


“I do too and she is good for him but he isn’t done hating himself yet.  I think we need to figure out how to get him to move back in here.  I know we can make him but that isn’t how we want it.  Aiden doesn’t need any excess stress.”


Brian moved so he could hold Justin against him, “I know. I just don’t want him to screw something up he can’t undo.  He is making bad decisions but he doesn’t have the stability he needs living with the munchers. Can I still call them that? I guess Mel is still munching but Lindz...well….”


“We can talk all this over  later, darling.  I need to sleep now and the next couple days we can relax and just enjoy our little boy and on Monday, with all our friends around, maybe we can come up with some answers that we can all agree on. Justin melted against Brian.  “I just hope those women can behave.  Mel here with whoever she is with and Lindsay here.”


“I will warn them,” Brian said in a sleepy voice.  “They will not ruin our day and if they start to, they are out of here. And right now,” Brian kissed Justin’s temple, “let’s get some sleep and maybe in a couple hours when we check on Aid we will be ready for round two.


“I am sure we can make that happen.”




Gus was too out of it to go home and besides, she thought he was staying at Mama’s.  He and his buddies had been drinking since late afternoon but when that buzz started to wear off, someone gave him a pill that was just supposed to help him relax even more.  Well, now he could barely stand and even his mama would have a fit if she saw him this wasted. His buddies knew he had a girlfriend but they had no idea it was their student teacher and they couldn’t find that out. He had them drop him off a block from Cass’ apartment and he went through the alley and a couple backyards and managed to get to her door.  “Cass,” he said in a loud whisper as he knocked.  “Beautiful Cassandra, let me in.” He kept knocking until he saw a light come on inside.


“Gus, what the hell? What are you doing here?” She opened the door a couple inches but left the chain on the door.


“Let me in, Cass.  I came to see you.” His voice was louder than he realized.


“Shhhh, don’t wake my neighbors. Go home, Gus.”


“I can’t. My mom would kill me.  Please, Cassie, I am feeling really dizzy and…” he swayed catching himself on the door frame.  


“What did you take?”


“I don’t know.  They lied to me.  They said it was just going to help me relax and have fun. Please, Cass. I told my mom I was staying at Mama’s but I didn’t tell her I was coming over…. Please, Cassie, let me in.”


“Why am I doing this? I will not do this anymore…” she continued to mumble as she opened the door and helped Gus into her living room.  “Sit down, Gus, I’ll get you a cup of tea.”


“I don’t need tea. I need my beautiful girlfriend,” he tried pulling her down but she easily moved away and he sagged onto the worn but comfortable sofa.  


Cassandra walked back with a bottle of water, a blanket, and a wastebasket. “You don’t need tea, fine!  Here,” she set the water on the table, the wastebasket on the floor and draped the blanket over him.  He was already drifting off.  She bent over him and kissed his cheek, “Damn, Gus, why are you doing this to yourself.”


He mumbled.  She slipped off his shoes and lifted his feet onto the sofa.  She covered him up better and then walked to her room, locking the door behind her.




Brian and Justin had checked on Aiden a couple times, making love each time they got back in bed.  Now that the sun was rising they both were stirring.  They had gone to bed early but even with the activity they had throughout the night, they both felt relaxed and their muscles still hummed. As they lay with their arms and legs entwined, Brian’s phone buzzed. “Shit, that’s never good.” He picked it up and saw there was a text from Lindsay. ‘Is Gus there?’ it said.


“Who is it?”


“It’s Lindz.  Can you do me a favor and just verify that Gus didn’t sneak in?  I know he isn’t but I want to have that verified. He was already texting Cass.  Justin came back and shook his head. “I knew he wasn’t,” Brian responded.  We would know if our son was in our house and if he was in our care he WOULD be here!” Brian said too loud.


“Big Daddy, is something wrong?” Aiden’s voice came from the room next door.


“You find Gus.  I’ll take care of Aid.” Justin kissed Brian’s cheek, “I’m coming, Aiden.  What should we have for breakfast?”


Brian’s phone rang.  “Hey, Cass.  Please tell me he is there.”


“He stumbled in about 2:00.  He was really drunk and high.”


“High? Do you mean pot?”


“No.  I don’t know what it was and neither did he.  I’m worried about him but I can’t do this.  He is risking too much of my future.  I really like him and he is going to be such an amazing man some day but right now, he has to figure out who he is.”


“Is ok there until about 8:00?  I’ll come pick him up then if that’s alright.”


“That’s fine.  I doubt he will wake up before then.  Thanks, Brian.”


“No, Cass, thank you.  I will tell his mom he slept here and I will deal with him when I get there.”


Brian texted Lindsay back and told her that he had come late last night.  ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ She came back with.


‘Why didn’t you know where your 15 year old son was?’


‘He said he was staying at Mel’s,’ Lindz responded.


‘And of course you verified that with her.’


She didn’t respond and Brian left it at that.  He went down to have some coffee and then he would go get Gus in an hour or so.  He gave Justin the basics but they didn’t want Aiden to catch on that there had been an issue but of course he heard his brother’s name.


“Is Gus coming over?  I miss him,” Aiden said, crawling up on Brian’s lap after he sat on the sofa located in a corner of the kitchen area.  Justin walked over with a cup of coffee for both of them.  


“Aiden wanted that cheese egg dish and luckily I happened to make one yesterday so I put it in the oven,” Justin sat next to Brian and Aiden.


“I think Gus will be here for a while today.  Maybe we can talk him into staying overnight tonight.”


“Oh, I would like that.  I hope he moves back in here all the time.”


“We would love that, too,” Brian said, hugging Aiden and then sipping his coffee.


The three of them ate their breakfast and then Brian went to pick up Gus.




Cass made a pot of coffee and poured a cup for both her and Gus.  She put lots of sugar and cream into his cup and went into her living room.  She set his cup down near his nose and she moved his feet so she could sit down.  She hugged her legs as she sipped on the coffee.  Gus began to stir, probably from the scent of the coffee.


“Hey, gorgeous, I woke up in the middle of the night and tried to join you but you had locked your door.  Why’d you do that?”


“Gus, are you really that clueless?  You stumble in at 2:00, drunk and high, and making enough noise to wake my neighbors.”


“Ah, Cass, I’m sorry.  I really didn’t think I was taking anything that would mess me up that much.  They said it would just help me relax.”


“Gus, why are you hanging out with those assholes.”


“I just couldn’t sit at that house any longer.”


“You know you could always go to your dads.”


“They would never let me go out with my friends.”


“Maybe because they know they aren’t your friends.”


“Come on, Cass.  You know they are alright,” he drank some of the coffee and then, after setting it down, he crawled toward Cass on the sofa. He tried to kiss her but she pushed his shoulder.


“Gus, I really like you and I know, somewhere inside there, there is a wonderful guy but I can’t do this.” She now changed her mind and pulled him closer and kissed him.  He tasted of stale liquor and coffee.  “Gus, you can’t come back here.”


“Come on, Cass.  I messed up but I didn’t do anything that bad.”  There was a knock on the door.


“That’s your dad.  He has come to take you home.  Gus, if you start making better choices maybe….” Brian knocked again.  “Coming, Brian.  If you live with your dads we can talk.  I will be there a couple days a week. If you choose to stay with your mom, then I guess I will see you once in a while,” she moved toward the door, ‘but you aren’t welcome here anymore.”


 

 

“Hey, Brian, Gus should be ready in just a minute.  He is just about done with his coffee.”

Chapter 10 by Simply written

Chapter 10


Gus sat silently in the car.  Brian had sent him there while he spoke to Cassandra and when he got behind the wheel, he started the car and drove. He went through a drive through and ordered two coffees and a breakfast sandwich and then he pulled into the park next door. He handed the bag and a cup to Gus and picked up his own and sipped the hot coffee. 

Brian looked over at his son, “You look like you could use some fresh air.  Let’s go sit on the bench over there.”  

Gus didn’t say anything but he opened the door and got out.  He was actually hungry so he opened the bag and started eating. “Talk to me, Gus. I lied to your mother for you.  You lied to her. You actually lied to both of them by using them both.” He turned toward his son and put his arm around the back of the bench as he relaxed against the back of it.  “Have you realized that you aren’t welcome at Cass’ house anymore?”

“Ya,” he said softly. He sipped his coffee.

“Gus, talk to me. What is going on?”

“Dad, I….” he sat up stiffly.  “I’m a teenager.  I was just messing around with my friends!” He took a swallow of coffee, “Mom wouldn’t have let me go.  She is too lonely with Mama gone.”

“Gus, you are making your own decisions here.  You say you are old enough to do this shit, then you are old enough to deal with the consequences.”

“Dad, I just wanted to be with my friends.  I just wanted to forget!” he yelled! “Dad, I am just shit!  My moms can’t stand to be in the same place with me. The girl I love just told me I can’t come back.  And I almost killed my brother.  Why did you even come pick me up? Why didn’t you just tell mom where I was?”

“Gus,” Brian reached over and touched his cheek.  “I love you. We love you.  We are worried about you.  We are scared for you.  Aiden asks about you all the time. Gus, we all love you so much and we…” Brian choked.  “And we don’t want you to go through this.  We are here for you.  We want you with us.  Gus, you may not want us but you need us and Gus, we need you.” Gus dropped his cup on to the sidewalk as he wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck as he sobbed. Brian set down his cup and pulled his son close.

Brian didn’t say anything until Gus had calmed down.  “Gus, you are moving back to our house.  There are going to be rules and you are going to follow them. If you don’t we'll find someplace that insists you follow the rules.  Your moms love you but they are not in charge anymore.  You are going to succeed and  we are here for you.”

“Oh, Dad, I am such a screw up.”  He held onto Brian so tightly Brian had to move a little to breath.

“No, Gussy, you are a young man who needs time to grow up. It won’t be easy but trust us and we will all make it through this.”

Tears were flowing down Gus’ face, “Dad, what am I going to tell my moms?”

“You aren’t going to tell them anything.  They have lost their right to be in charge.  Sunshine and I will fight them every step of the way.  That doesn’t mean you can’t spend time with them but you are moving in today and I will be your parent and I plan to take charge.” As Gus calmed down, he moved away slightly.  “Gus, do you have enough clothes at the house without stopping at your mom’s?”

“Ya, I should have enough for a few days.”

“Great, that will give me time to go talk to your mom and let her know, let both of them know what the new plans are and if they have a problem with it, tough shit.  You have a family that wants to make it work, and we will.”

“Dad, even if I’ve been a jerk, I love them and I know they love me.”

“I know that, too, Gus, but it is time for an adult to be in charge and right now neither of them are up to that challenge.”

“If you are ready, I know a young boy who has been asking to see his big brother.”

“Damn, he will probably run circles around me today.”

“He’s not quite ready for that but the two of you can nap together.”

Gus smiled, “Now that, I can probably manage that.” They walked to the SUV and got in before Gus spoke again. “I really fucked it up with Cass, didn’t I?”

“Yes, but that might be for the best. Cass is starting her adult life.  You don’t want to mess up her chances for a teaching career, do you? If a neighbor saw you walk in last night and talks to the wrong person…”

“But I really care about her.”

“Sometimes that is the true test of caring for someone.  Sometimes you sacrifice so they can fly.”

“I don’t want to mess up her life. But is it really so wrong for me and her?”

“Ask me to tell you a story sometime.”  Brian smiled over at him and drove them home.

“Dad?”

“Yes,  Gus?”

“Thanks.”

“You are welcome, son. You know we would do anything for you.”

As they drove into the garage, Gus said, “Dad, can I slip up to my room and shower and stuff before seeing Aiden? I don’t want him seeing me….”

“I’m glad you are thinking about your brother.  He loves you, you know.”

“Ya, I just don’t know why,” Gus said as he moved to the front door while Brian distracted Aiden in the kitchen.

“Big Daddy, Daddy said I should watch a movie.  I wanted to go play with GC.” Aiden moped on the sofa in the kitchen.

“I am sure you did and I am sure GC would love that and I bet later, with your Dad’s permission you will be able to go out for a bit but Dr. Victor gave us strict rules.”

“I wish I wasn’t sick so much.  Other kids don’t have to take it easy.”

Brian walked over and kissed Justin, who whispered, “Did I hear Gus?” Justin almost giggled when Brian’s tongue slipped into his ear.

“Big Daddy, what are you doing to Daddy?”

Brian moved over to Aiden and picked him up, dropping onto the sofa with Aiden in his arms. “I was doing this?” Brian’s tongue touched Aiden’s ear and Aiden giggled.

There was a thump upstairs and GC sat up straight.  Aiden looked at Brian with big eyes, “Is someone upstairs?”

“Well, yes there is.  Gus will be down in a bit.  He stayed at a friend's and wanted to take a shower before he saw everyone.” Brian linked eyes with Justin for a moment.

“Did he have breakfast?” Justin asked.

“He did,” Brian stated.  “I bought him coffee and a biscuit.”

“I bet that wasn’t as good as Daddy’s baked eggs.”

“You are probably right, “ Gus said softly as he walked into the room.  

Justin walked over and kissed him, “Hey, Gus.  Did you get enough breakfast?”

“Ya, I’m good.  Thanks, Dad.” He walked over and sat on the sofa.  

Aiden crawled off Brian’s lap and started just short of Gus. He looked into his eyes, “Can I sit…”

“Come over here you little monster,” Gus winked at him and pulled him onto his lap.  “What movie should we watch?”


Fifteen minutes later, both boys were sleeping on the sofa. Justin found Brian in his office.  “So what happened with Gus?”

“He showed up at Cass’ place in the middle of the night.  She is done with him. I am going to set up a meeting with Lindsay and Mel today.  He is NOT going back to live with either of them anytime soon. I just talked to our lawyer and he said as long as Gus agrees and he will. I think it finally hit him that whether he likes it or not, he still needs parents.”

“Have you talked to either of them?”

“I have left messages for both of them.  I am going to tell them both to meet me at 3:00 this afternoon.”

“Are you going to invite them here?”

“I don’t think that is the best idea.”

“But I really don’t want to leave Aiden….”

“I can take care of those two…. He knows they love him but he also knows they aren't the right place right now.  It isn’t going to be easy.  He is going to get pissed when we start putting down some rules. By the way, we need to come up with guidelines and have him sign them.”

“Brian Kinney, when did you get so smart about all this parenting stuff?”

“All I do is remember what my parents did and do the opposite.” Brian walked over to Justin and pulled him close.  “Are we ready to take on a disagreeable teenager and a six year old who just wants to be normal and isn’t allowed to be.” Brian held onto Justin for a few more minutes. “I think we will all meet at Lindsay’s house.  That way I can pick up some of Gus’ stuff, too.”

“I wish I could be there, too.  I want to show a united front.”

“Oh, trust me, they know that and if they forget, we could show them sometime!” Brian grabbed Justin’s ass and pulled him tightly against his hardening cock.

“Down boy.  We will have time for that later.”  Justin gently grabbed Brian’s crotch, “Did I tell you how much I loved last night? God, I needed a night like that.”

“Well, then let’s plan on doing it again tonight.” He kissed him, “I need to get this meeting scheduled. Could you ask Gus to make a list of anything he might need over there? One of us can take him over there sometime next week and get more of his things.”

“I’ll have him make a list as soon as I see him awake. I just love seeing them together.”

“No more than I do. No matter how messed up our family can be, I wouldn’t change a thing.  Well, I would wish Aid was healthy but other than that, life is good.”

Justin walked out the door, “I love you, Brian, and agree 100%.” He stopped and turned to look at him, “Sometimes I think we wasted those years apart but then I realize we wouldn’t have Aid if we had stayed together and, what would life be without him?”


Brian told Mel and Lindsay he would be at their house at 3:00 and he expected them to both be there.  He arrived to find Lindsay and Mel already at each other’s throats.  He could hear them from the driveway.  He took the steps two at a time and then let himself into the house.  He stood there for a few minutes before either of them even noticed.

“What the hell did you call this little meeting for?” Mel’s face was flush and Lindsay was crying.

“Well, it’s obvious you have already made this little meeting about the two of you. Mel, did you know Gus was staying at your house last night?”

“What are you talking about? I can assure you, I had plans last night and Gus wasn’t in on them.”

“Ya, you would hate to have time with your son,” Brian said snidely.

“You know that isn’t what I meant. I just meant Monica and I had a special night planned ahead of time.  Gus never talked to me about staying over.”

“And Lindz, of course you checked with Mel when Gus told you his plans?”

“Brian, you know I didn’t. Why would I want to speak to her?”

“Maybe because your son’s safety is more important than your hate for your ex? Maybe because you know your son is having issues and needs guidance?  Maybe because he is a kid and you’re an adult?” 

“As if you’re the perfect parent? Kinney, don’t preach to me.  Our relationship has nothing to do with you!”  Melanie approached Brian and stood in front of him, arms crossed on her chest.

“But that is where you’re wrong. When I have to go pick up my son, who is supposed to be under your care, because he arrived somewhere drunk as shit, your relationship does affect me.”

“You had to pick Gus up? Where was he? Is he alright?”  LIndsay’s concern was written on her face.

“He’s fine.  He is hanging out with Aiden.”  The thought of his boys made him smile a little.

Mel’s tone mellowed a bit, “Aiden is doing better?”

“Ya’ he is.  Thanks for asking. And he really loves having Gus around.  I don’t want this to be a big blowout.  But Gus is moving in with us.  Obviously, you are welcome to see him.  You are welcome to take him to dinner but he will be sleeping at our house.”

“Brian, you don’t have the right to say that.  We have joint custody of Gus and you had him for a month.”

“Mel, you don’t want to push us on this because I know how much you hate to lose in court.  This isn’t the first time but last night our son was with the wrong people and took something he isn’t even sure of but then he really didn’t have any place to go.  Mel, you have the right to be with Monica, and Lindz, you have a right to be with someone or wallow in your alone time but Gus needs parents that can focus on him and right now, we are focusing on being parents so just let us do it for both of them.”

“But, that isn’t what our agreement says,” Mel just couldn’t give it up.

“Mel, do you want him to move in with you and your new partner?”

“We don’t have room for him or we would.  Lindz kept the house because she was going to have Gus.”

“Well, he told me he was going to be with you!” Lindz whined a bit.

“Ladies, I know you love him and more importantly, he knows  you love him but he is staying with us and my lawyer says, if you want to air all your issues, we can go to court. I will win.  We have a stable house with a brother and a dog.”

Mel opened her mouth but closed it again. She looked at Lindsay.  Lindsay looked at Brian and she started to cry, “I love him so much but right now…. What is wrong with me?”

“You are making a major change in your life.  You have been together for, what, 20 years? Your lives have changed.  Figure out your own lives and then we will talk about it again.  Now, you are both invited to our Fourth of July party, however, if there are any confrontations about anything, you will be thrown out.  And with that being said, Gus would like these things.” Brian handed Lindsay the list he had made up and she left the room.

“Brian, Gus is alright, isn’t he?”

“Ya, he’s drinking too much for 15 and he will hate us but he will not be hanging out with those friends anymore.”

“You aren’t going to make him babysit everyday are you?”

“Of course not.  We have hired someone to be with him a couple days a week and Jenn is going to be there the rest of the time if one of us isn’t there.  I am going to find some volunteer work for Gus.  Victor knows someone who runs a drug rehab and I think that would be good for Gus.”

“Brian he is only 15.  He needs to have time…”

“I am thinking a couple  of afternoons a week. You don’t have anything against that, do you?” He challenged her a bit.

Mentally she took a step back, “No, that will work.” She looked at him, “So Monica is invited, too?”

“Mel, we are always going to be family. We share a son.  As much as we like to irritate the hell out of each other, we need to work out our lives for our son’s.”

Lindsay walked out with a duffle bag full of Gus’ belongings and handed it to Brian.  “Lindsay, you are welcome to come on the Fourth.  Bring a date.  You know there will be plenty of people around.”

“Ya, Lindz, what’s his name?” Mel taunted.

Brian’s head snapped to Lindz and then to Mel.  “Mel, she can bring whoever she wants and if you can’t be an adult about it… It’s no wonder Gus has lost some of his reasoning if he has had to watch you two.  You can come anytime after noon and we will eat around 1:00 or 1:30 but food will be available all day.” He moved to the door, “Just try to remember you loved each other once and we have an amazing son that we brought into this world.  He’s not an adult yet. Our job isn’t done.”

Brian walked out of the house and, throwing the bag into the back seat, Brian got in and drove away.  He was glad that was over with.  It went as well as he could have hoped for. So Lindz had a boyfriend.  That wasn’t a total surprise but talk about having a lot going on.  No wonder Gus was getting lost in the frey.  

He glanced at his watch. It would be 4:15 when he got home.  Maybe, he and Justin….  He stopped.  He had a husband he would never get tired of loving physically but he didn’t want to be like the women were.  The kids needed to come first. They knew better than to neglect their own needs but they did have enough maturity to wait until the kids were in bed for the night. 

When Brian arrived home, Aiden was sleeping out on the deck with GC beside him. Justin was working on his laptop in a spot he could see them clearly. He dropped Gus’ bag on the sofa and bent down and kissed him.

“Um, that was nice,” Justin smiled up at him.  “How did it go?”

“Started out rough but I think it ended well.  Where’s Gus?”

“He’s in his room.  I’m a little worried about him. He started texting after you left but I don’t think he was getting any response.  Why don’t I take his bag up to him?  Maybe he will feel like talking now.”

Justin stood and Brian pulled him close for a minute.  “Have I told you how much I love you, today?”

“I can never hear that enough, Bri.” Justin’s arms wrapped around his neck and when their lips met and Justin pressed his body against Brian.  “I love you, too. Now as much as I would like to take this  further, I am going to go see if he will talk.  You keep an eye on Aid?”

“I definitely will.” They kissed once more before Justin picked up the bag and moved to the stairs. Brian walked out onto the patio and GC stirred whining just a bit so Brian reached down and scratched his ear.

“Big Daddy, your home.” Aiden stretched.  “I wish I wasn’t so tired all the time.”

Brian sat down in a hammock chair and smiled at him, “I was thinking a nap sounded like a good idea.  Want to sit over here with me for a little while?” 

Aiden scrambled off the lounger he was laying on and Brian lifted Aiden up, kissing his cheek.  Instantly, Aiden leaned against Brian chest to chest and wrapping his arms around his neck, he laid his head on Brian’s shoulder and he was dozing again. Brian loved his husband but he wasn’t sure what he would do if they didn’t have their boys, too.


Gus had been trying to get Cass all afternoon.  After his first text she said he needed to stop texting and when he tried to call she didn’t even answer. He laid on his bed and looked around his room.  Why had he agreed to move in with his dads.  He didn’t have Cass anymore and he knew his dads would actually track him.  He knew they thought it was for his own good but if he didn’t have Cass, who cared if he screwed up. If only he would have been able to help his moms stay together.  Maybe if he wasn’t such a screw up Mama wouldn’t have left. He had tried to be a decent kid.  There was a knock on his door but he didn’t respond.

“Gus, I have your things from your Mom’s house,” Justin said as he walked in his room.  “Your dad got the stuff you wanted.”

“Thanks,” he mumbled.

“Gus, talk to me. What is going on in your head? You have never been able to hide anything. Let me help. If we can’t help you we will find someone who can.”

“No one can help me,” Gus realized what he had admitted and quickly said,  “I mean I don’t need help!” 

Justin sat on the edge of the bed and took Gus’ hand,  “Gus, we really are trying to help you.  You know, you have to know that what you and Cass were doing had to stop.  She would have never been able to be a teacher and dated someone your age.”

“So she was just stringing me along and now she crushed my heart.” He tried to look away but Justin touched his cheek so he couldn’t.

“Gus, I don’t think so.  I think she knows it just isn’t the right time for the two of you. If it was another place and time.”

“Fuck that!” Gus said, trying to be defiant, but as he sat up he threw his arms around Justin’s neck. Justin held him close for a few minutes and let him calm down. Justin moved his hand through Gus’ hair and down his back. Gus moved back a bit and looked at Justin.  “It really hurts.”

Justin’s heart broke for his son, “Yes, it does. You feel like you are exposed to the world and that everyone can see your pain.” Gus nodded, and let Justin pull him against him.  “After leaving Brian, well, we know that was a mistake but when I had let Daklin in and he betrayed me and Aiden, I felt stripped. When I look at it now, the pain was worth the growth and without it we wouldn’t have Aiden.”

“Are you really expecting me to believe the pain was worth it speech?”

Justin cupped Gus’ chin and kissed his cheek, “No, I don’t expect you to, not today. But, my love, I hope soon, you will see that you learned something that you can use later in your life. We are here for you.”

“My friends asked if I could meet them tonight. Can I go? I just need to get my mind off of….”  Gus looked at Justin’s face.  “So I am never going to be able to leave this house without you? If that’s the way it’s going to be, I will go back to Mom’s.”

“Gus, you know that we aren’t going to keep you locked up but, we also aren’t going to just let you leave to meet those guys who have done nothing but got you in trouble.”

“That’s not true!  They are good guys.”

“Well, then we can talk about having them over some night so we can meet them and, you know your friends are welcome here.”

“But someone is always here.  If it isn’t you or Dad it’s Grandma Jenn.  I’m old enough to want some time alone.”

“Do you want to be alone or do you want your friends over?” Justin felt Gus stiffen.  He didn’t want to push him to that spot right now. “Gus, let’s take one day at a time and all we are really asking is for you to let us.  Talk to us.” Justin hugged him again, “Why don’t you invite your friends over for the Fourth of July picnic? There will be so many people here that no one will feel like we are giving them the third degree.  We’ll get a chance to meet them.”

“I’ll text them and see.” Gus looked into Justin’s eyes, “Is Cass going to still work here with Aid?”

“She is and you will have to act appropriately when she is here.  We need her and Aiden is already enchanted by her.”

“I can understand that. Dad, how do you interact with someone who you….well, someone you did… stuff with and now you aren’t anymore.”

“Gus, that is part of being mature enough to do that ‘stuff’ in the first place and, although you are an amazing young man and so mature in some ways, you still have a lot of growing up to do yet. It may not seem like it right now but what Cass did, was for you as much as it was needed for her career.”

“Dad, can we quit talking about it now?”

“Sure. Why don’t you unpack your bag and when you are ready you can come down.  I could use your help with dinner if you feel like helping.”

‘What are we having for dinner?”

“I really don’t know.  I know we have pork chops thawed.  What else shall we have?”

“Give me ten minutes? Then I will come help you decide.”

“That sounds great, Gus.  I know we don’t share blood but I hope you know you are as much a son to me as Aiden is.”

“Oh, Dad, I have never doubted that.” Gus said as Justin walked to the door.  “I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

As Justin came into the kitchen he could see Aiden asleep on Brian’s chest.  He felt like he was getting better but a six year old just doesn’t have patience for this and he shouldn’t have to.  GC came in through the dog door and sat at his feet, waiting to be petted. Justin bent down and scratched his ear. “Aid is lucky to have a best friend like you.” GC licked his hand. “They are both special, aren’t they.”


Gus and Justin made dinner.  At the cabin Gus had enjoyed cooking with him.  Maybe this was something he would enjoy doing regularly.  Gus needed a hobby besides Cass and his crew. Who knew, maybe Gus would be a famous chef someday.  Or maybe he would be the guy that came home from the office and just enjoyed cooking for his family. He hoped they had several years before there was a family but some day.

As they sat at the table, Aiden said, “I’m glad we are all here again.  I love my family being together.  Gus, I know you have another family, too, but I’m glad you are staying here for now.”

“I think I’m glad I’m here, too.” Gus smiled at his dad, knowing Gus hadn’t caught the comment but both Brian and Justin had. 

Brian reached over and mussed up Gus’ hair, “You’re where you belong for the time being anyway.”

As a family they played a game of ‘Sorry’ and when Aiden was settled in bed for the night, Brian and Justin sat with Gus.  They didn’t give him a list of do’s and don’ts but they let him know he wasn’t to go anywhere without talking to one of them.  If they were gone, Jenn could also give him permission.  “Gus, this isn’t a punishment and these aren’t permanent rules but for now we have to just see how things go.” Brian continued by mentioning his volunteering for a few hours a week and they told him to think about other things he would like to do. “Would you like to take some class or lessons?”

“Dad, it’s summer.  I don’t want to go to school.”

“I think what your dad means is something fun.  Maybe you would like to take piano or guitar lessons or what about a cooking class? I bet we could find something like that,” Justin didn’t want to push him but he knew it would be best if Gus had something to do.  “How about if we look for something tomorrow? I know there is a site that has summer activities because I showed it to your mom at the beginning of the summer but I am sure we can still get you into a second session.”

“Ya, Ok.  Can I go to my room now? I am going to play video games with my friends.”

“Sure, Gus. Sleep well,” Justin said as Gus hugged him goodnight.  

Gus then walked over to Brian, “Night, Dad.” Gus kissed Brian’s cheek and then moved up the stairs, two at a time.


Brian and Justin stretched out on the sofa together.  “So, what happened in his room tonight?”

“What you would expect.  I told him to invite his friends for the Fourth.  I thought that would be a good day for us to meet them and there are going to be enough people around that they won’t feel us watching them.  Of course we will.”

“Are they coming?” Brian’s hand rested on Justin’s bare stomach under the polo he was wearing.

“I don’t know if he has asked them yet but my guess is they will unless they have family plans but from what I have gleaned, none of them have much of a family life.” Brian’s hand worked its way up and found one of his nipples and then moved to the other.  “Umm, that feels so good.” Justin said as his own hand moved to Brian’s crotch.  “Gus asked how you could just be with someone platonically after having been more.”

“And what did you say to him?” Brian asked and then sighed as Justin’s hand undid his fly.

“I told him that was part of being an adult in the first place.” His hand was now inside of Brian’s briefs.”

“Oh, god, I think we should go up to our bedroom.”  He tweaked Justin’s nipple and they both stood up and they moved up the steps.  “And what if we had to be platonic.”

“Damn, I’d hate it but if it was the only way we could live together, I wouldn’t hesitate.  Being together with or without sex is what is most important.”

As they walked into the bedroom Brian pulled Justin close.  “Thank god, we don’t have to settle for that.” Brian tugged off Justin’s shirt and brought his mouth down to graze one of Justin’s nipples, sending a shiver through him. 

Now it was Justin’s turn to pull off Brian ‘s and he ran his hands down Brian’s sides and then continued to move them downward taking Brian’s pants along with them. As Brian’s pants dropped, Justin turned his face upward and Brian’s mouth came down on his as Brian began to fiddle with Justin’s zipper.

Soon they were naked and laid down in the middle of the bed. Their arms and legs entwined and between kisses and touches Brian said, “You know, I would want to be with you with or without sex, too, but damn, I’m glad we don’t have to make that choice.”  He pulled Justin’s top leg onto his hip and adjusted their position until he could move into Justin. Together they rocked in tandem as they began to move with more force and speed.  They arched simultaneously and found release.

They didn’t want to lose the closeness. Justin loved the feel of Brian’s long arms wrapped around him. After a few minutes of silence they talked softly.  “So do you think Gus is interested in being a chef?” Brian asked as his tongue traveled around Justin’s ear.

“Um, oh Gus, I don’t know if he wants to be a chef but he enjoys it and it is something he could do to keep him busy.  And it is a skill he can use the rest of his life.”

“That is a good idea and it is a life skill that wouldn’t hurt anyone.”

“And there are probably a lot of girls in classes like that.”

“Now that isn’t a bad thing either.  Not that I want him in a serious relationship but if there is a girl or two that can distract him from Cass, all the better. Did he talk about her today?”

“She has shut him down,” Justin said. She isn’t responding to texts or picking up his calls.”

“Do you think it will be alright with Cass here a couple days a week?” Brian asked, tucking his arm around Justin’s waist.

‘I think Cass has set her boundaries and I don’t think Gus will push them.  He may try a bit but he would never force anything,” Justin said as he pressed his back against Brian’s chest. “I think we are in for some rough spots.  You didn’t say much after getting home from your meeting with the ladies.”

“Mel started out fighting but by the end of it, she knew this was best for Gus. You know Mel.  She has to be in charge.  She will be here for the picnic with her new friend and she insinuated Lindsay is seeing a man so it could be interesting. I warned them if they did anything out of line, they would be out of here.” Brian rested his head on Justin’s shoulder right by his ear.  “I don’t know what I would do if we hadn’t gotten back together. My life would be nothing without you.”

“That’s not true.  You would still have Gus and by now you would have found a replacement for me.”

“Oh, Sunshine, there is no replacement for you.”


The morning of the Fourth, Aiden woke full of energy and looking better than he had since they arrived home.  He had much more color in his cheeks and they had to remind him to take it a little easy in the morning so he wouldn’t be tired out before the guests arrived. With Brian, Justin, and Jenn busy getting ready for their guests, Gus saw Aiden getting antsy.  Brian was about to tell him for the third time that he needed to stay out of the way when Gus stepped up, “Aid how would you like to come up to my room and play games on my TV with me?”

“Oh, Gus, REALLY?”  

As Gus took Aiden’s hand Brian mouthed, ‘thank you’.  

Jenn patted Brian’s shoulder, “Gus may be going through some issues but he is really a good kid. I remember the days when I couldn’t do anything right.” Jenn kissed Justin’s cheek as he wrapped his arms around her.

“You were, no are, a great mom,” he said. “I was the ass.  You never neglected or rejected me. I was just a mouthy kids that…”

“That had to grow up, just like Gus.  Finding the right counselor would probably be really good for him.  I know the one I brought you to was not the right one.  I am not sure she would have been the right one for anyone.” They both laughed.

“I can still picture her face when you told her you liked to suck cock. Ya, ya, I know I was shocked at the time, too,” Jenn smiled.

Brian hugged Jenn from behind, “You did an amazing job raising this man.  And now he is doing an amazing job raising our kids.”


Ted and Victor were the first to arrive around noon.  Victor hadn’t seen Aiden since he had left the hospital so he wanted to give him a quick once over.  “Dr. Victor, do you have to take more of my blood?” He pointed to his arm where the faintest of bruises was still visible.  “My bruise was finally going away.”

Victor hugged his favorite patient.  This little boy had stolen his heart. “No needles this time, mon petit.  I just want to listen to your heart and check your blood pressure.” Five minutes later Victor said, “I think very soon you will be feeling 100%.” 

Aiden hugged him and gave him a kiss on his cheek.  “Thank you, Dr. Victor.  I love you.”

“Oh, I love you, too, Aiden.  Maybe someday soon you will come visit your Uncle Ted and me.  I bet your dads would enjoy a night away and we could have a sleepover.”

“You know, Victor, if I heard any other man say that to my six year old son….” Justin smiled. “I think Aid would love to visit, wouldn’t you?”

“Oh, ya!  That would be so much fun!  They live in that big place!”

“Well, you are welcome any time, mon petit.”

“Daddy, that means my little one.”

“I know that. It is a very special name from a very special friend.  Why don’t you go see if Tasha is here yet.” With that Aiden was gone.

“Justin, it is good you are always alert around this precious one.  He is so kind and loveable. You know I would never…”

“I trust you and Ted like my family.  You and Ted have proven you would do anything for us.  You are the best friends we could ask for.” Justin hugged Victor. “Well, I better get down there.  I have heard the door open several times.”


By 12:30, the house and yard was filling up.  Aiden was so excited to see Tasha, they hugged for a full minute before they ran to the swing set. Molly and Justin hugged, “Is he ok to play like that?”

“Victor gave him the all clear a bit ago so he is good to go until after lunch. Then maybe they can watch a movie so he can relax a bit.”

“And how are you doing, big brother? You have gone through a lot since we last spent time together.  How is Gus doing? I can’t imagine his guilt.  And this woman you mentioned.  Please tell me you have come to your senses and realized what a horrible idea that relationship is.”

“See the beautifully fresh young woman standing by Aid and Tasha?”  Justin pointed toward the kids where Cass was now pushing them on the swings.

“That’s her? She is stunning.  No wonder Gus was enthralled.” Molly looked at the young woman.

“Yes, that is Cassandra.  She is actually going to watch Aiden a couple days a  week the rest of the summer and, yes, I think she is mature enough to watch Aid and yet keep Gus in line. She is really a wonderful person and Aiden fell in love with her in about 30 seconds. I have a feeling he will propose to her before the end of the summer.”

“I am just glad he is feeling good enough to flirt with his babysitter.”


Gus had two friends coming.  The other two that he hung out couldn’t come.  One had to stay home and take care of his younger siblings while the other one was out of town.  Gus had heard rumors he had gotten sent to some kind of boot camp after getting picked up with pot for a third time. “So, Gus, those are your dads?” JR asked as he looped his arm around Gus’ neck.  “They are both really hot. Do you know if they ever do threesomes.  I would love to learn a few things from two gorgeous daddies.”

“I used to think this gay thing would pass, JR.  I have seen you oogle girls more than once,” Lainn said from the lounge chair next to them. 

“Just because I can admire a mullet doesn’t mean I want one,” JR smiled at Lainn.

“A mullet? Really?” Gus winced.  

“And speaking of women,” Lainn saw Mel and Monica walk in.  “This place has a heavy male presence. Now,” Mel and Monica held hands as they walked toward Gus and his friends.  “Let me guess, your mothers?”

“Well, one of them.  The other is her new...whatever… Hi, Mama,” Gus hugged Mel and then turned toward Monica.  “Hi, Monica.”

“Hey, Gus, are these the friends you’ve been getting into trouble with?” Mel asked Gus ready for a confrontation.

“Mama, this is JR and this is Lainn,” Gus introduced them.

JR tipped a non existing hat, “Nice to meet you. I promise I have never gotten Gus in trouble.”

“He’s telling you the truth. JR is usually the one that makes us think before we get into too much trouble,” Gus said to Mel.

“Well, I’m glad to hear someone in the group has sense.” Out of nowhere, Lindsay and a man appeared. He had to be ten years younger than her.

“Mom, I didn’t see you come up.”

“Well, I’m here and if JR isn’t getting you into trouble is this one? I didn’t catch his name.”

Lainn got off his chair and walked over to Guss and smiled flirtatiously at Lindz, “I’m Lainn, and Gus never told me he had a mother who was so tall and blonde.”

“Down, boy,” Mel said. “She is still married to me and slumming with a boy.  She doesn’t need an infant.”

All three of the boys stood there with their mouths open as Lindsay turned to Mel and slapped her loud enough to get everyone’s attention. 

“Ah, shit,” Brian said looking over at Justin.  “Do we stop them now or do we let them take a few more swings at each other before we stop them?”

“I was afraid this would happen,” Justin said as he slipped his arm around Brian and started propelling him toward the women.

 

Chapter 11 by Simply written

Chapter 11



Everyone in the backyard had noticed the activity near the house.  Lindsay and Mel faced off with their dates standing behind them.  At first glance it looked like an old fashioned duel was about to take place and their seconds were standing there ready to take over if someone should need to forfeit.  


The battle was being fought with words. Mel and Lindz both were shouting.  Lindsay was asking why Mel even cared; she was the one who stepped out first and Mel came back with the fact that it was obvious that Lindz was looking for a boy all along. Both Monica and Lindsay’s date, Nick, began to get involved defending their companions.


Brian and Justin started moving toward the action but before they made it across the yard, Gus stepped forward.  JR had been next to him but he moved from his friend’s side to separate his mothers.  Softly but with force he said, “Stop it!  Why are you embarrassing yourself here in public.  You are both better than this or you used to be!  Just go. My dads were right about one thing, I can’t live with either of you right now and, I know I may have screwed up with my friends but right now you are both a lot more toxic than they are!” 


JR stepped up and put his hand on Gus’ back. “Hey, Gus, why don’t we let your dads take care of this.”


“I’m fine, JR.  They are the ones that should be ashamed and slinking out of here.”


“Gus, I am still your mother.  I don’t need to slink….” Lindsay started to say but Brian stopped her.


“I warned both of you about this and now, I plan to escort all of you off my property.  If you do not go, I will call the police.  Gus is right, you are toxic.  Don’t even think about contacting him again if you haven’t gotten help. You are both so set on hurting each other you don’t know how to deal with anything anymore.”   Brian then looked at Monica and Nick, “I am sure you are both very nice people and I am sorry we met under these circumstances but right now, please take these two home.” 


As this confrontation had continued, Jenn and Molly, as well as Molly’s husband, Spencer and Ted and Victor, distracted the other guests and started putting the food out to eat.  Cass kept Aiden and Tasha distracted even though her eyes never left Gus.  She had to fight the urge to go be by his side.  She knew his dads were looking out for him and JR seemed to be standing up with him.  His other friend, Lainn, seemed to be keeping his distance but JR was right there at his side.  


Five minutes later,  Brian was back from escorting the two couples off the grounds.  Aiden and Tasha were sitting at a table eating hot dogs.  Lainn went to get his food and JR was standing with Gus.  “Let’s go get some lunch.  Looks like there is lots of good stuff there.”

 

“You go ahead with Lainn.  I just need one more minute.  I’m fine but I just need…”

 

“Ok, I understand. Gus, you held your shit together better than I could.  Of course, I can’t imagine having four parents.  I barely have one.” JR said as he moved off to get some food.


Gus didn’t see where she came from but Cass was at his side.  “You handled that well, Gus.  I’m proud of you.” He took a step toward her but as quickly as she appeared she disappeared and then Brian and Justin were standing next to him.


“Gus,” Justin put his hand around his waist, “Are you alright?”


“Can we talk about this later? I just want to hang with my friends.”


“Sure, son.  You handled that perfectly,” Brian gave him a quick hug but then let him go, knowing Gus just wanted a normal day.  Aiden and Tasha went up to his room where a movie was started but after all their fun earlier they both fell asleep. Cass offered to stay so Justin and Molly didn’t have to keep checking on the kids.  She settled in Brian and Justin’s room watching something on TV. 


Gus and his friends went to his room and played video games.  “Hey, what was the hot student teacher doing here?”


“Oh, Cass is kind of my brother’s nanny a couple times a week,” Gus said and then shouted after succeeding at a level.


As Lainn played, JR asked, “So you brother is Ok now?”


“Well, Aiden will always have his crazy condition but it is back under control.”


“I’d take her as my nanny anyday.  In a couple days she would be all mine!  I’m young but I’m smokin’,” Lainn said with a smirk on his face.


Gus bristled, “The hell you could!” 


“Oooh, someone has a crush,” JR laughed.


“No,” he snapped and then took a deep breath, “I just have gotten to know her a little now and she is really nice, and although she could have any guy, she doesn’t sleep around.”


“Sounds like you’ve tried,” Lainn smirked as he finished his turn.  


JR backhanded Lainn’s chest lightly, “You just sound jealous you haven’t had the chance.”


Gus, took his turn but messed up because he couldn’t stop thinking about Cass.  He figured she had left by now.  “You guys want some water or a soda?”


“Ya, sure,” they both responded similarly.  Gus got up and decided he would just grab it out of the small fridge in his dads’ room.  He’d let them know so they could restock.  


He heard a TV but figured it was coming from Aiden’s room and he walked into the master. He stopped dead when he saw Cass sitting on the loveseat watching a show.  “What the hell?” Gus froze. “What are you doing here?” He took a breath, I know why you’re here but what are you doing here?” he pointed to the seat.


“I told your dads I would stay and keep an eye on the kids so your aunt and her husband and your dads could just relax and enjoy the day.” Gus took a step toward her but then stopped as she continued to speak. “I’m sorry your moms did what they did but you acted like the adult but you are not an adult.  If you were….”


“If I were you would take my calls and texts.  Ya, I get it.”


“Oh Gus, there are beautiful girls all over the place. All you would have to do is nod their way.”


“But they don’t …. They aren’t you.” Gus rushed into the room and grabbed three sodas from the fridge in the minibar.  He also grabbed a bottle of whiskey and he headed toward the hallway.


“Gus, that is only going to get you in trouble.  Set it down.”


“Fine!  I see how it is.  Now you are a narc,” with that Gus dropped the bottle and left the room. 


Cass’ heart shattered a bit.  Yes, his behavior reinforced that she had made the right decision but he might be worth waiting around for at least he was worth keeping track of. She walked over and picked up the whiskey, putting it back where Gus had gotten it from.   She peeked in on the kids and heard them giggling before she saw them. They were under the covers with a flashlight, but she couldn’t see what they were looking at.  She slowly pulled the blanket back, “What are we looking at?”

 

“Hi, Cass,” they said in unison. Aiden continued, “We are looking at a book.” They popped out from under the covers.  “Look at all these different cats! There are so many of them. Can you read the names to us?” They all sat on the bed together and Cass pointed out all the different types. 

 

When they got to the end of the book Cass closed it and smiled first at Tasha and then at Aiden, “I know there was a lot of ice cream in the freezer.  There are ice cream bars and sandwiches and…”


“Yes, please!” Tasha gave Cass a hug.  Aiden then joined his cousin and Cass wrapped her arms around both of them and then they all headed for the steps.  Cass glanced at Gus’ room but now the door was closed and the muted sounds of gaming traveled down the hall.  


Aiden stopped.  “Can I go see if Gus wants ice cream?”  


“Sure, we will wait,” Cass smiled at him, “As long as you don’t take too long.  We girls are hungry for ice cream.”  Tasha nodded.  


Aiden knocked on Gus’ door, “Come in.” Gus called.


“Cass says there is lots of ice cream so we are going to get some.  I thought you and your friends might like some, too.”


“That sounds great,” JR smiled at Aiden.


“Thanks, Aid.  We will be down at the end of this round.”


“Ok,” Aiden ran over and gave Gus a quick hug, “I am so glad you moved in with us.”  and then he was shutting the door behind him.  “They will be down in a minute,” he said and the threesome moved down the steps.



Lainn got a text after they had some ice cream.  “Hey, JR, if you need a ride home we need to meet them outside now.”


“Ya, I better.  It is too far to walk home,” JR started to stand.


“Someone can bring you home later.  Either one of our friends or my dads can take you home, if you want to stay a little longer.”


“Sure!  My sibs are with their dads and my mom, well, she is with friends.” 


They both said goodbye to Lainn and they went and perched on the top of the play equipment. Aiden and Tasha were playing at the other end as the teens talked.  “Where’s the hotty?”  JR asked.


“Cass left a couple minutes ago,” Gus’ voice seemed far away.


“You really have it bad for her, don’t you?”


Gus opened his mouth to tell him everything but then thought that wasn’t the smartest idea. “I guess I had a little crush but now she is just a really nice person and I hate people thinking bad about her because of how she looks.”


“It is obvious she loves kids.  I saw her with your brother and cousin.  I wish my sibs had someone taking care of them.  And of course Aiden had you and your dads and your grandma and now Cass.”


“Is it that bad at home?”  Gus asked.


“The only reason I go along with Doug and Evan’s shit is because it gets me out of the house.  I mean at least my sibs have their dads.  Each one has a different pop.”


“What about you? Couldn’t you go live with your dad?”


“I don’t even know who he is. Neither does she.  She was my age when she had me.  She doesn’t mean to be a bad mom.  She just doesn’t know how to be one.”


“Is it safe there?” Gus asked him.


“Well, she would never hurt anyone but herself.  I have a feeling she will lose the younger ones. Child services have been coming around a lot.”


“And what about you? What would happen to you?”


“I would probably end up in juvie.  I have a minor record, like you, and face it, not everyone is open to a gay teen.”


“JR, if you ever need a lawyer, my mom could help.”


“Thanks, Gus,”  JR changed the subject and the conversation went to normal teenage stuff.


Brian passed drinks out.  Molly’s family and Jenn went out for a little while and took Aiden with them  leaving Brian and Justin, Ted and Victor, and Gus and JR in the house. Ted and Victor offered to drive JR home when they left and Gus and JR went in the house to raid the fridge and watch TV.


“It was alright to let Aiden go with Mom and Mol, wasn’t it?” Justin second guessed himself. Brian sat down next to him and pulled him close.


“Justin, your son is doing well and your mother knows what to watch out for.  I think he will be fine and he will be ready to sleep once he gets home,” Victor said as he put his head on Ted’s shoulder.

 

“I think Gus’ friend is Ok,” Ted said.  “The Lainn kid was a little sneaky but this one seems really nice and he was ready to stand up with him against his moms if need be.”

 

“I noticed that, too,” Justin responded. “I get the feeling he doesn’t have the best homelife.  I think he is the one Gus had said that about earlier.  His mom planned to be out all day and I’m not sure she is home now.”


“Poor kid.  It can’t be easy for him,” Victor commented. “Are there more kids?”


“I don’t know how many but ya, there are younger kids that happen to be gone today,” Brian said as he kissed Justin’s temple.  “I hate to see kids in that mess. Hell, compared to JR, Gus has it made.” 


“No, no child should have to live in any of this. It makes me so sad to know that good kids live in such stress.  At least Gus has you to lean on.” Victor said passionately.


“Oh, Vic, that is one of the many reasons I love you,” Ted kissed Victor. “And speaking of loving…” Ted’s hand moved down Victor’s shirt.


“Well, you heard the man, he wants me for my body.” Victor kissed Ted long and passionately.  “Let’s take that wonderful young man home and then….”


Ted was on his feet in a millisecond and so was Victor. Brian stood and offered Justin his hand.  “It looks like our guests are leaving, Sunshine.” Brian and Justin both laughed.  The four men walked into the house where Gus and JR were watching TV as they ate at the kitchen counter.


“Are you going, Ted?” Gus asked.


“Yes, we are.”


“Dads, do you mind if I send home some of the leftover food home with JR? He, um, really likes leftover hamburgers and hot dogs.”


“Oh, sure.  He can have all of it, if he likes.” Justin immediately started packing up the food out of the fridge. He included the fruit salad and a container of cookies.  


“You really don’t have to give me…..” JR felt a bit uncomfortable by their generosity.  


“JR, we seriously are terrible at eating leftovers and if you have kids at your place that will eat it, they are welcome to it.  Better than us throwing them out.”


“Thank you.  You are really kind,” JR said as he took two bags full of food and followed Ted and Victor out the front door to the car with Ted and Victor. Just as they pulled out, Jenn’s car pulled into the garage. Brian walked through the open garage door, followed by Justin and Gus.  He opened the door to take out Aiden.  He was tired and crabby. 


As Brian tried to pick him up he said, “No, I want Gus.  I want Gus to take me into the house.”


Brian glanced at Gus and Gus walked over, “Sure, bro, come here.” Gus picked up Aiden who looped his arms around his neck and his legs around his waist.  Gus walked into the house with his brother and moved immediately up the steps. Jenn went back to her apartment while Brian and Justin walked in, seeing Gus move up the stairs slowly with his brother attached.


Justin kissed Brian, “That boy is special.”


“Which one?” Brian asked.


“Both actually, but Gus first knew his friend needed food and now he is helping with his little brother like that.”


“We always knew it, I just wish he did,” Brian hugged Justin.


“I better go upstairs and get Aiden in the bath and then bed.”


“I’ll lock up down here and bring up a little cheese and crackers?  We may need a little something to keep up our energy.” Brian winked at Justin as he turned toward the steps.  Brian let out a low whistle. “That ass does it to me every time.”


Justin heard water running as he walked toward Aiden’s room.  As he walked into the bedroom, he walked quietly over to the bathroom door, “Do you feel alright, Aiden?”


“Ya,” Aiden said with a whine in his voice.


“Then why so grumpy?”


“Because I wanted to stay with Tasha but Aunt Molly said I had to get a little stronger yet.  She said I couldn’t be too far away from home.”


“I am sure Molly just wants to make sure that you get just a little stronger….”


“I am so tired of hearing that…” Justin heard the little whimper that could only mean Aiden was crying.


He entered the bathroom, Gus had his arms around his brother but Justin saw a look of relief when he saw his dad standing there.


“Hey, Aid, can I help with your bath?” Justin asked.  Aiden looked from Gus to his dad and then nodded.


“Thanks, Gus. I’m sorry I was crabby with you.”


“No problem, bro. Love you.”  Gus stood and moved past Justin.

 

“I love you, too, Gus.”

 

As Gus stepped into the hall, Brian had just come upstairs.  “Gus,” Brian said to stop him. Gus turned to look at his dad.


“I really want to go and chill, Dad.”


“I just have a couple quick things.  First, giving all our leftovers to JR was very nice.  It sounds like his family could use it?”


“Ya, he has a messed up house.”


“And secondly, speaking of messed up families, you ok after your moms blowout? You did amazingly well, dealing with them. Did Victor talk to you today about seeing his friend?”


“He did, and I told him I would talk to her.”


“That’s great, Gus.”  Brian hugged his son.  “Sleep well.  I will see you when I get home tomorrow afternoon.”


“Ok, night dad.”  Gus looked like he was going to say something else but then just turned and walked into his room, closing the door behind him.


Next, Brian stood at Aiden’s door.  The two blonds he loved most in the world sat on the edge of the bed.  Justin had just pulled the pajama top over Aiden’s head.  Aiden was sniffling and pouting but Justin pulled the sheets back and Aiden laid down.  “Good night, my boy.  You will feel better in the morning.”


“I want to say goodnight to Big,” voice shaky, “Daddy.”


“Well, I am right here, Aid.”  Brian walked in and Justin stood so Brian could sit in the vacated spot. “Why the long face and tears?”


After several sniffles, Aiden said, “I’m just tired and I don’t want to be sick anymore.  I just want to be a normal boy.” The tears were rolling down Aiden’s cheeks and Brian was fighting to hold back his own. Justin slipped out of the room silently.


“Oh, Aiden, if I could make that happen,” Brian pulled the little boy close, kissing him several times on the forehead and cheeks.  Brian rocked Aiden in his arms for a few minutes until he could feel Aiden relax.  He gently laid him down.  


“I love you, Big Daddy,” Aiden said half asleep.  


“I love you, Aiden, so much that my heart hurts.” Brian kissed him once more and softly left the room.


Brian walked into their room and he saw Justin staring out into the dark backyard.  Brian was fairly sure he was crying.  Hearing their little boy’s heartbreaking words had torn deep into both of them. Brian encircled Justin with his arms and Justin leaned back against him. “You know he is just overly tired,” Brian whispered.


“I do but you know that is when honesty is the most real.  Why can’t he be a normal little boy? He didn’t do anything to create this health issue.  He is always going to have to get extra sleep and not overdo it.  He is always going to be…”


“He is always going to be the loving, caring, bright, funny person he is. And although it will always affect him, he will adapt.  He will live a full and happy life.  We will make sure he does.”


Justin turned and he looked up into Brian’s face.  “Is Gus….?


“Gus is good. He will go to counseling and did you look into cooking classes for him?”


“I did.  I had to pull some strings and promise to do a course for them but he starts next week.  Three afternoons a week for the month of July and then he has the option to do three weeks in August, if he likes it.”


“You are so amazing.  When did you have time to set that up.” Brian tugged Justin’s shirt off. “I hope you don’t mind, I am taking your clothes off but I don’t plan to put your pajamas on afterward.”


“Can we take a shower? After being outside most of the day I just…”


“Any chance to see you naked, my love, anything to see you naked.”



Ted pulled up to a dilapidated house.  It was completely dark.  The only sign of life was a couple guys on the corner. “JR, is anyone home?”


“I doubt it.  That’s ok, I don’t mind it.”  He glanced at the guys on the corner.


“Will that crew bother you?” Victor asked.


“They usually don’t but they have probably been partying all day.  They’ve hassled me a couple times but I can get inside quickly.”


Without a word, Ted started pulling away. Over his shoulder he said, “Text your mom and let her know you are staying with friends tonight.  That will be Ok, won’t it? You won’t get in trouble?”


“She may not even come home tonight but I can stay here, really.”


“JR, you are 15 years old and there is a gang on the corner.  Did you really want to stay there?”  Victor looked into the backseat.


JR was quiet for a moment and then he shook his head. “It really scares me when I’m there alone and the guys know it own..”


“Have you told your mother that?”


“She doesn’t have time to listen to me.  She works two jobs and….she’s only 30.  I don’t think she really knows what to do with her life.  I have three younger siblings and they each have dads. She loves us but she is kind of a kid herself, or wants to be.”


“How often are you left alone or in charge of your siblings?”  Victor asked.


“Well, she is usually working at night.”


“JR, you know this isn’t a good situation, right?”


“Well, ya but it is what it is.” Ted pulled into the drive of their palatial home. “You guys live here?” JR said almost in a whisper.


“Yes, so you can see we have plenty of room for you to stay tonight.”


“This is really nice of you guys.”


Ted pulled into the garage and the three entered the house.  “Please, make yourself at home. If you’re hungry search the kitchen.” Ted waved toward the kitchen.  


“We will show you your room,” Victor put a hand on his shoulder and felt him jump a little.


“Um, you aren’t thinking….” JR stood like a statue.


“Oh, no, JR.  You are 100% safe here.  We will show you your room and you can lock the door.  I will give you the key if you would like.” Victor put his hands to his side.


Ted opened the door to the guest room, “Enjoy your evening, JR.  Watch whatever you like.  Roam the house.  We don’t care as long as you don’t walk into our room.” Ted leaned over and kissed Victor, who stood next to him.  “We have plans.”


JR smiled, “I promise.  Thank you for being so nice to me. This is so much.”


“It isn’t.  We both will be leaving around 7:30 in the morning.  Is that too early for one of us to drop you at your house?”


“No, that would be great but I can find my own way….”


“I will wake you at about 6:45?”


“I will make sure I am up.”


They said goodnight and Ted and Victor walked arm in arm to their room. “You know I have to report this, don’t you?” Victor said.  “I am a mandatory reporter for child abuse.”


“Well, if not abuse, it is neglect.” Ted began to unbutton Victor’s shirt.


“Well, someone has abused him.  Did you see his reaction to my touch? Someone has sexually made him do things or threatened to do something.”

 

“Is there anything we can do for him?”

 

“I hope he will talk to me in the morning but for now….” Victor placed his hand on the back of Ted’s neck, pulling him in close and the men forgot about their houseguest for some time.



As the sun rose, Victor stretched, “Um, something smells good,” he said softly. He jumped when he heard Ted’s voice.


“What did you say, love?”


“If you and I are both here in bed, how am I smelling sausage?” Victor took in a deep breath.


“Must be our houseguest?” Ted commented, “What time is it?”


“It is just after 6:00. But from the aroma, breakfast is ready.  Let’s go eat and we can shower afterward.”


They walked into the kitchen in matching robes. JR looked a little nervous, “I hope you don’t mind I made breakfast.  I woke up early and I was hungry. I’m sorry if….”


“It smells amazing, son.  I can’t wait to taste it.” Victor put his hand on his shoulder and looked over it. He was glad to see that JR didn’t shrink away from his touch. “That definitely looks good enough to eat.”


Soon they were all eating at the kitchen island.  “I….thanks for letting me stay last night.  I think I slept better than I ever have.  It was so quiet.  Our house ….well the walls are really thin. It sounds like cars are driving right through it.”


“JR, I need to ask you something and I need you to tell me the truth,” Victor said. “We both noticed your reaction when I put my hand on your shoulder.  And I apologize.  I had no right to touch you. I just am French.  I touch people.”


“I overreacted,” JR said softly.


“No, you reacted that way because someone must have done something to hurt you in your past or threatened. Is there someone in your life now that….”


“Oh, no. Not now, Victor. My mom had a boyfriend that used to get a little close but he never did anything, although he scared me a little.”


“So he never did anything?”


“He hit me a couple times but when my mom found out, she got rid of him. She loves me.  She loves all of us.  She just doesn’t really know how to be a mom.”


“Does she have anyone to help her?” Ted asked.


“You mean like family? Na, not really.  She came from New York City and hasn’t had contact with them in years. I guess she has me.”


“Oh, JR, that is so obvious but you are still a kid, really.”


“Ya, I know she would like to move into another place but I don’t want to leave my school and she can’t find a bigger apartment. She would never say it but I think she sometimes wishes she didn’t have so many kids. I think she would like to go back to school and the other kids could go live with their dads but she would still be stuck with me.” JR stopped talking and stood.  He carried his plate to the sink and started to put water in the sink to wash the dishes.


“JR, don’t worry about that.  We have someone that comes in for that. Why don’t you go take a shower and freshen up and we can leave in about 35 minutes,” Ted commented.


“I don’t have any clean clothes so…”


“I have some of Gus’ clothes here that I somehow ended up with when we came home from Montana.  It should fit you.  You can get it back to him sometime.” The three walked toward the bedrooms.  “I’ll just lay the clothes on the bed after you are in the shower. If you hear something it will just be me dropping it off.”


“Thank you.” 


Ted and Victor got in the shower and started their normal morning routine.  As they washed each other’s backs, Ted said, “So who are you going to talk to?”


“And what might you be talking about, my love?”


“Well, we are going to help JR, right? He is obviously a great kid and I don’t think his mom is a bad person.  I think she is overwhelmed.  Can you imagine being 30 and have four kids with no support? If she can go back to school, she can better herself, which will help her children.”  They were now dried off and had started to dress.


“I couldn’t agree more, Teddy Bear.” Victor knew Ted didn’t really like to be called that but he could get away with it once in a while.  “I will check around a bit today.  I will also talk to that young man as I drive him home.”  They walked out of their room and found JR in the kitchen.  


“Well, JR, I hope you will visit us again.  Victor works closer to your place so he will drive you home.” Ted kissed Victor and then impulsively hugged JR and was thrilled when he hugged him back. He ran his hand along Victor’s cheek, I will talk to you later, Vic.  Love you.”


“Love you, my darling.” Victor said as Ted closed the door behind him and then looked at JR,  “I love that man.  Are you ready to go? Don’t forget the goodies you got from Gus yesterday.”


As Victor drove toward JR’s neighborhood he probed a bit, “So has your mom looked into school?”


“She has.  She really wants to be a nurse and she would be a good one but after her last attempt to get money for school I think she has given up.”


“You love her a lot, don’t you.”


“Sure, she’s my mom and she tries hard.”


“Well, that explains where you get your inner strength.  I am trying to figure out how great kids like you and Gus could get mixed up with those other kids.”


“We both just need an escape and a place where we can forget what goes on at home.  I’m glad Gus has escaped.”


“I am sure if you want to spend more time at Brian and Justin’s you would be welcome and you are always welcome at our house.”


“That is really nice of you, both of you are so good and you don’t even know me. And I love seeing men in love. It gives me hope.”

 

“You have the world in front of you. You can do anything.”

 

“If I didn’t have to babysit so much I would get a job so I could start saving for college.”


Victor smiled at the young man as they pulled up in front of his house.  “JR, do you think your mother would mind if I talked to her?”  Victor asked just as the door opened. A young, tired woman walked out of the house and waved.


“Hey, baby, is this your friend’s dad?”


JR turned to Victor and motioned for him to follow but then stopped and looked at Victor.  “This won’t make you late, will it?”


“I have enough time,” Victor rested his hand on JR’s shoulder and they walked to the front step.


“Mom, this is Victor.  He’s a doctor.”


“Doctor!  You aren’t sick are you, sweety?”


“Your son is just fine,” Victor offered his hand and she tentatively took it.  “JR’s friend, Gus, is like a nephew to me. Your son is so wonderful.  You have done an amazing job raising him. He mentioned to me that you would like to go to nursing school but you haven’t found any funding?”


“JR, sometimes you talk too much.”


“Your son loves you and wants you to be happy.  I know of a scholarship that I think you will qualify.”


“Oh, Dr., that is so nice of you but I have kids to feed.  I can’t go to school.”


“Ms…..I’m sorry, I don’t know your name. “


“Sally.”


“Sally, JR said your other children could spend part of their time with their fathers.”


“They could.”


“I would like to offer you a job.  I can always use a smart woman who is eager to learn working in my office and you will be able to start learning by watching.”


“Me, work in a doctor’s office?”  


“You can start as soon as you are able. If you can work 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  Once you start school we will adjust your hours.”


“That is, wow…. That’s a lot to take in.  I have to work two jobs now.  I don’t know if I can manage that and classes.”


“You will not have to work two jobs.  I promise we can make it work out.” Victor glanced at his watch.  “Oh, I’m going to be late. I have JR’s number.  I will call tonight and we can talk it out.” Victor rushed to his car and pulled out.


“JR, is that man serious? Why would he help me out? He doesn’t even know us.”


“Mom, they really want to help.  Ted, Victor’s husband, is just as nice.”


“JR, even if the younger kids stay with their dads….I don’t …. I have put so much on your shoulders already. You take care of your siblings and I work.  Even if they go to their dads, between work and school… I will see if the doctor will help me with school later, once the kids have gone through school…”


“Mom, please, you can give them so much more if you just take a couple years to finish school and if Victor and Ted will help…”


“It’s you I worry about, JR.  If I do this, it will take all my time and money.  I will get rid of this old mess of a place and get something small but I don’t want you to feel cramped.”


“Mom, what if I could find someplace to stay.  I would still see you all the time but at night I wouldn’t have to worry about bothering you when you are studying and you wouldn’t need an extra room for me.  When I stay I can crash on the couch.”


“Oh, Jedadiah Raymond, I need to think this through. You would really be willing to move in with strangers to help me?”


“Mom, you know you have come close to having to let the kids live with their dads in the past and then I would have been sent to foster care.”


“JR, those two men, they aren’t the kind that would, well, make you do things to live with them.”


“Oh, no, Mom.  They are way too nice for that.”


“Ok, let me try to think this all through.”


“Mama?” JR put his arms around his mother. “You deserve to do what is best for you now.  Once you are done with school you can make life better for all of us.  You should be able to finish school about the same time I do. All of us will be out of the house by the time you are 40.  And with a nursing degree…”


“I promise, I will think about all of it.”



Cass was at the house long before Gus was up in the morning.  Aiden was curled up on Justin’s lap when she arrived.  Brian left her in and after giving Justin and Aiden each a kiss he was out the door. “Aiden, Cass is here.” Justin stood, with Aiden in his arms.


“Morning, Cass,” Aiden said softly.

 

“Good morning, Aiden.”

 

“I am very tired today. Daddy says I overdid it yesterday.”


“Well,” Cass walked over and lifted Aiden out of Justin’s arms, “I guess we will have to have fun in the house today.”


“But I hoped we could go to Uncle Ted’s pool and swim or go to the park, or..” he laid his head down on Cass’ shoulder as she sat on the sofa with him.  “Have you had breakfast and your medicine this morning?”


“Ya, Daddy made sure I ate and took my medicine.”


“Well, if you can give me one minute to talk to your daddy, I have several fun adventures we can do right there on this spot.”


“Really?” Aiden crawled off her lap and sat next to her.  She kissed the top of his head and then stood to talk to Justin.


The adults moved to the other side of the kitchen, “You are worried about him?” Cass asked Justin.


“A little, but I know he will be fine.  If you can keep him out of the heat and a little quiet today he will be fine tomorrow.”

 

“Justin, I promise to take good care of him.”

 

 

“I know you will,” Justin’s phone buzzed and he answered it.  “Hey, Mitchell, I am out the door now.  I will be at the office in about thirty minutes.” Cass couldn’t hear the other side of the conversation. “Thanks, Mitchell.”

 

“Mitchell?”

 

“You will probably meet him sometime soon. He is my assistant.  Well, he is really more than that.  My business is much smaller than Brian’s and I have a couple others hired but Mitchell is my go to. If you ever bring Aiden in for lunch or need to drop him off for some reason, you will meet him and I better get out of here or he will soon be calling again." Justin moved towards the door. "Thank you, Cass. Call if anything comes up or if Aiden just needs to talk."

 

And with that it was just Cass and Aiden.  

 

It was 10:00 a.m. when Gus appeared.  He was showered and looked ready to go for the day. He opened his mouth to say something but Cass held her finger to her lips. She slipped a pillow under his head as she moved her leg out from under it and she walked over to where Gus was making a latte.  “Your brother over did a bit yesterday.  He is just tired. Justin said not to worry.”


“I wish he could just be a normal kid.  I bitch and moan when he always has to be careful.” 


“Gus, you’re a good big brother.”


“But I always mess up.”


“Gus, you’re a kid. You may mess up but you also do a lot of good.  I saw you and JR yesterday.  He needs a friend like you and I think you need a friend like him.”


“Ya, I think we would both do a lot better if we stay away from Doug and Even.  Lainn has to decide if he wants to hang with us or them.”


“Gus, see you are smart.  Your dad said that you were leaving about noon?”


“Ya, I’m taking cooking classes.  First, I am going to talk to a counselor and then I’ll go to class.”


“Cooking, huh? I am sure that will be fun.  And I have a feeling there will be a few young ladies in that class.” Cass smiled over at him.


“Dad said that, too, and I hope there is but, Cass, none of them will be half as pretty as you.”


“Oh, Gus, that is sweet. You know, you are going to be an amazing man but right now, you are still a boy, and I am a woman.  You do understand that, right?”

“I don’t want to but, ya, I understand. Do you think someday?”


“Gus, if five years from now I am single and you are still interested, we’ll talk.” Cass kissed his cheek just as Aiden called for her.  “Coming, my lovely.  I was just chatting with your brother.”


“I am so happy that Gus lives with us all the time now. I love him,” Aiden said as Cass sat down with the book they had started earlier.

 

“I can see why, Aiden.  He is a pretty special big brother.”

Chapter 12 by Simply written

Chapter 12


Justin was supposed to be reviewing a final project but everytime he looked over the samples, his mind wandered back to the picnic.  He smiled remembering how Gus stood up to his mothers.  He wasn’t sure those women still understood.  He couldn’t wrap his mind around putting his own feelings ahead of his boys, of course he knew he and Brian were not breaking up any time soon. He couldn’t imagine being without him and his boys…. Aiden was so tired this morning.  He knew he would be fine but his heart always hurt for his boy.  If he could…

“Justin? I knocked but you didn’t seem to hear me.” Mitchell walked into the office and crossed to Justin’s drawing table. He started to massage his shoulders. “The picnic was great yesterday.  You know how to throw some excitement in the mix.  I had seen Lindz get bitchy but, wow!  How is your son? He was amazing.”

“Gus made me so proud.  If he can keep his mind off Cass’ ass I think he will be ok. He is starting cooking school today.  I am hoping he enjoys himself and maybe he’ll find a nice girl his own age.” He rolled his head back, “That feels so amazing. I didn’t realize I was so tense.

“What’s got you so tense if it isn’t Gus?” Justin’s head dropped back against Mitchell’s chest as Mitchell hit an extra tight spot.  He sighed a bit.

“I just can’t stop worrying about Aiden.  We let him play harder than we should have but I just want him to be able to be a six year old.”

“Is he alright?”

“He’s just really tired today.  I am sure Cass is taking excellent care of him and making him feel really special but I just wish I could take his place.”

“Oh, Justin, that is so sweet but your little boy wants you the way you are.  If you were sick, you couldn’t be there for him as much as you are. You are such an amazing dad.”

“That is only because I have such an amazing partner.  Without Brian, I don’t know what I would be doing.” Justin lifted his head up, realizing he had been leaning against Mitchell for some time. “I’m sorry, I know you know that Brian and I are solid.  And we don’t fool around. I don’t want Bri to ever question that.”

“I know that.  When you hired me I had hopes that maybe you and I….but I know now that you have found your true love and no matter what you belong with Brian and your boys. And trust me, I don’t mind having a beautiful man leaning against me even when I know he belongs to someone else.”

“Mitchell, I have no doubt you will find a good man someday. But you came in here for a reason five minutes ago.  

“I did.  I was just wondering if you had any questions about these,” he motioned to the papers on Justin’s table.

“These look really good.” After saying that, Justin asked a couple questions and then initialed the approval sheet. “Mitch, I should have done this earlier but I have been so distracted with Aiden,” Justin stood and opened a drawer on his desk.  He pulled out a small case and handed it to Mitchell. As Mitchell opened it he saw business cards.  “I am hoping you will accept the position of Assistant Creative Director.  I am giving you a $20,000 bonus for getting my company through the last two months and I am giving you a 25% raise.  If the business keeps doing well in the third quarter, I plan to give you another substantial raise and your title will change to the Director of Client Services.  For your job will be basically what Lindsay was doing.  I have already hired someone to take over the receptionist position so Cloie  can move up to be my assistant.” Cloie was the current receptionist. “And I hope you will help me pick your replacement. We may be adjusting who does what but I will expect a lot of help, even with making decisions.”

Mitchell’s mouth was hanging open, “Wow, Justin, that is all….wow.”

“Is that a good wow?”

“I am so excited. I can’t believe this.  Ted is going to get the paperwork to us in the next day or two.”

“Justin, I hate to mention it, but I am supposed to have a couple weeks off. I had planned to visit my parents.”

“And you will go.  Are you off the last two weeks of the month?”

“Ya, but I don’t need two…”

“Make your plans.  We should be able to have someone hired and they can start when you return from your trip.”

“Oh, Justin, that would be great.”

“Once I meet with these clients, We are starting with several new groups so I can work on the basics and when you are back we will hit the ground running.” Justin smiled at his new Assistant Creative Director.

“I will be back the first Monday in August.” 

“That’s great.  I will probably be taking off the last week in August so that will give us about three weeks to work together with our new hire.”

“Where are you heading this time?” Mitchell looked at Justin with a suggestive wink.

“I wish it was something for Brian and I but time alone will have to wait. I am not sure where we will go.  We might go back to the cabin or maybe we will go to New York City for a few days.  We haven’t really talked about it yet. I just want the summer to end on a good note.  Brian will go for it.”

“Brian will go anywhere you and the boys are.” Mitchell patted Justin’s shoulder.

“I know how lucky I am.  Now, we better both get back to work.  I will send Ted to your office when he comes with the paperwork.  Oh, move into your new office anytime.”

Mitchell threw his arms around Justin and kissed his cheek.  “I just can’t even….”  Mitchell turned around and ran directly into Brian.  “Oh, Mr. Kinney….I, really I wasn’t,...”

“Go Mitchell, I will talk to my husband.” Mitchell nearly ran out the door.

Justin met Brian half way and put his arms around his neck.  Their lips met and their bodies melted against each other. Justin pulled away enough to lead Brian to the back room where he immediately undid Brian’s fly while Brian fumbled at undoing Justin’s. In moments Justin’s chest was against the conference table and Brian was slamming into him. They both felt the build and then the release for both of them. 

Minutes later they were sitting on the loveseat that was tucked in a little nook of the office.  “So do you think letting me screw you like that will help me forget that I caught another man’s lips on you?” Justin gave him one of his sparkling smiles and, under his breath, Brian whispered, “Damn, of course you are going to get away with it.”

“There is nothing to get away with.  Mitch just found out about his raise and promotion.  And speaking of getting away….”

“What are you scheming, Sunshine?”

I think we need to take a week near the end of August,” Justin started.

“If you say just the two of us I am all for it!” Brian kissed him hard enough to almost bruise his lips.

“Maybe later,” Justin said almost out of breath,  “but it has been a bumpy summer and I hope the worst of the bumps are smoothed out but I want to do something fun before they go back to school.”

“What were you thinking?” Brian asked as he kept kissing Justin’s neck.

“Damn, I can’t think when you are doing that.” Justin took a breath, “I don’t care where.  Maybe we should all write something on a slip of paper, put it in a bowl, and draw out one of the slips.”

“I would love to go back up to the cabin. I hate that we had to leave on such a negative note.”

“I would like that, too, but we will talk to the boys. Did you come here for anything other than quickie sex? Not that I’m complaining.”

“No, it was just for sex. We just don’t seem to have any time along anymore.” Brian pressed Justin so he was leaning against the armrest of the loveseat and his lips wandered anywhere he could get to skin.

“How did I know this is how I would find you? Not that it’s the first time I have caught you two at it,” Ted stood in the entrance to the back office.

“And how many times have I told you you’re fired when you interrupted us?”

Ted laughed, “I have lost count.”

“Hey, Ted, are you here to see Mitchell?”

“I am.  I have all the paperwork he needs to sign.  Do you two have a minute?”  Ted asked seriously.

Brian and Justin straightened up and went back to business mode.  “What’s up, Theodore?” 

“What do you know about JR?”  Ted went on to tell them about Victor’s proposition to Sally and that they offered to have JR stay with them part time anyway.

“You do know your husband is almost as good as mine,” Justin said as he kissed Brian’s cheek. “I don’t know anything about his mom but he seems like a super nice kid who will benefit so much from you two.  Are you ready for a teen in the house?”

“We’re hoping you two will help us when we get over our heads and he won’t be there full time.”

“I think you two are going to do just fine, now, do I pay you to stand here all day?” Brian smiled at Ted as he stood up. “Actually, I need to get back to work and I know you are on Justin’s time clock right now.” Brian turned to Justin and ran his hand over his ass, “I will see you tonight at home.” 

Justin watched as Brian strode out of the office. “Damn, I could still watch him walk all day.”

“I feel the same about Victor but I prefer it when he is walking toward me,” Ted said with love filling his tone.  “I was just making sure you have talked to Mitch.”

“I have and he is expecting you sometime today.”  Justin walked to Ted and put his arm lightly around his waist.  “I have to tell you, I am glad JR will be with you part of the time.  I think he and Gus are good for each other when it is just the two of them.  Now that will be easier to make happen.  I better get going.  I want to get home on time for Aiden.”

“We’ll talk soon.  If I need anything I will stop by before leaving.”  With that everyone got back to work.


Gus entered his first class.  Looking around he saw that the class consisted of nine girls and two other guys.  One of the teenage boys, Jeremy, was just thirteen and the other, Lance, was obviously more interested in Gus than any of the girls.  

After basic introductions and a description of what they would be doing throughout this class, the instructor put them in groups of three to make their first dish. They were given a cookie recipe and plenty of time to complete it.  It didn’t require a lot of skill but it did have a lot of room for creativity. 

Gus started frying some bacon just as the teacher walked up. “Well, Mr. Marcus-Peterson, bacon in cookies?”

“Would you mind calling me Gus?” he asked politely.

“Sure, Gus, I will do my best to remember that. And the bacon?”

“I just always thought that if bacon was fried and crumbled it would taste really good in cookies.  That is my contribution.”

“That sounds like a great idea.  What else is going into your cookies?” the instructor looked at the other two guys. One of them said he was adding peanut butter and the other said he would like to add strawberry jam frosting.  “Sounds interesting, men.  Can’t wait to try them.” The instructor walked to the next group.

As they continued the recipe, Jeremy reminded the other two that they would have to adjust the butter because of the peanut butter. “Jer, how did you get so smart?” He draped an arm around the younger boy’s shoulders.

“I have been baking since I was about six.”

“What are you doing in a beginning baking class?” Gus asked him. 

“I have to prove myself since I am so young.  I really want to be in the advanced class.” When they started baking the cookies, Gus slipped over to a couple groups of the girls, checking out what they were doing but he didn’t neglect his own group.  When he came back he and Lance took out a pan of cookies and put another pan in while Jeremy started making his frosting.

Lance couldn’t help but stare at Gus.  So as Gus took cookies off the tray and placed them on the rack, Lance watched him.  Gus smiled over at him, “Do you have a boyfriend?”

“You volunteering?”

“No, sorry. I’m afraid I ….”

“I know you’re straight but you are pretty chill about everything.  I mean there are lots of people that are but some guys get a little nervous when I forget to behave myself.”

“Well, since I have two dads and two moms it should explain it.”

“Gus, lots of people have two sets of parents.”

“You misunderstood, Lance, he rested his hand on his shoulder, “I live with my dads now.  My moms are in the middle of getting divorced.”

“Well, does explain.”

“Ya at my dads’, where I live now, most of their friends are men and vice versa with my moms.”

They focused their attention back to their cookies and soon they were finishing up the last of them and plating them.  After the instructor critiqued each group, everyone sampled each other's treats. Next, everyone picked a favorite and they voted. When the instructor counted the votes, Gus’ group won by a landslide.  

After the kitchens were cleaned most people left right away.  Gus, taking several leftover cookies with him, went outside to wait for his dad and Lance sat down to wait for his ride. Gus pulled out his phone and saw a text.  It said it was from Cass, but he could see it was from Aiden.  He responded back to him telling him he would be home soon.”

“Your girlfriend?”

Gus laughed. He realized it was sort of his ex but not.  “It is my little brother.  He is texting from his nanny’s phone.”

“Moms or dads ‘brother’?”

“He is my dads so we are all living together right now.”

“How old?  I have a 10 year old brother who can be a real pain in the ass.”

“Aiden is six.  He has some major health issues. He is great most of the time. We had a big day yesterday so he wasn’t feeling well this morning.”

“So does he have a full time nanny?”

“No, our grandmother, well his grandmother, watches him a couple days a week and Cass, the one with him today, is there two or three days a week, depending if one of my dads can get off. They are in advertising and can work from home part of the time. The cookies I collected are for him.  He will love trying the different kinds.”

Lance got out his phone and put in Marcus-Peterson but couldn’t find any advertising agencies to pop up.  Gus realized what he was doing.  “Marcus-Peterson are my moms. Try Taylor-Kinney.”

Lance put it into his phone and then whistled. “Oh, my god! You are Brian Kinney’s son!”

“Do you know who my dad is?”

“I do.  He did some business with my dad.  My dad is very straight but he told me about both your dads.  He was very impressed with them both for their work and because of their relationship. They actually helped him understand me a little better, even though I don’t think they know that.”

“Ya, they are pretty great.”

“Have you known Justin all your life? Has he been with your dad a long time?”

“Ya, I was really young when they got married the first time.”

“The first time?”

“They divorced for a while but they belong together.  They realized it and have been back together since I was ten.”

“And it’s cool at home?”

“Ya, Justin is amazing.  He is perfect for my dad.  They balance each other out. I actually call them both dad.”

“And your little brother...I’m sorry.  You don’t have to tell me about your life story.” Lance knew he asked too many questions some times.

“It’s Ok.  Aiden is Justin’s biological son but he was tiny when my dads got back together.   Speaking of Aid,” Gus’ phone rang and he was sure he would hear Aiden’s voice on the other end. “Hello.” Gus put it on  speaker so Lance could here the conversation.

“Gus, has Big Daddy picked you up yet?”

“No, not yet. By the way, say hi to my new friend, Lance.”

“Hi Lance, nice to meet you,” Aiden said politely.

“Hey, Aiden.”

“Is Dad home yet?” Gus asked.

“No, but he will be in five minutes. Can you have Big Daddy stop and pick up some new markers for me? I kind of used a lot of them today.”

“Sure, Aid, we’ll stop.”

“Thanks, Gus.  I love you.” Aiden’s voice was light and cheery.

“Love you, too.” And the call ended.

“Ok, two things about that call,” Lance said in all seriousness.  “Big Daddy?”

“Aid started that on his own almost from the time he started talking. That is his way of telling them apart.”

Lance smiled, “I like it. And how do you get a kid to be that sweet? I need help with my brother.” Brian pulled up in a car Gus didn’t recognise.  It was a silver BMW i8. “Holy shit!” Lance mumbled.  “Is that your dad’s?”

“Not that I know of? I have never seen that before but that is my dad.”

“Damn, no wonder you are so gorg… Hey Mr. Kinney,” Lance called to him as Brian flipped the door up and got out.

“Hey, Dad, this is Lance.  He’s in class with me. I’ll see you next class.” 

“Nice to meet you, Lance.” Brian said before getting back into the car.  

As Gus got in, he asked, “Is this ours?” he ran his hand over the dash.

“No, it is a loner.  My car is in the shop.”

“And they give you this?”

“Pretty sweet, huh?” Brian pressed a little harder on the gas pedal and they flew.

‘Oh, Dad, Aiden wants us to buy him some markers on the way home.  I think he and Cass colored a lot today.”

“Sounds like a good reason to drive this baby a little longer.  Text Justin and let him know what we are up to so he knows why we are later than I said we would be and check if we need to pick up dinner.”


By the time Brian and Gus arrived home, Cass had left and Justin and Aiden were snuggling on the sofa talking about Aiden’s day. Justin was very impressed at everything Cass did with him so he felt like he was busy all day but yet he didn’t need to use a lot of energy. Justin felt comfortable that tomorrow he would almost be back to normal.  Brian and Gus spread out the Chinese containers and got out drinks for everyone.  

As the meal went on everyone talked about their day.  A good part of the time Gus was talking about his cooking class and the two guys.  “Aiden, when you are done eating, I brought cookies home for you.”

“Cookies, yummy!  Thanks, Gus.”

“No problem, bro. I think I will really like this class, even if a 13 year old is going to blow me out of the water with his skills.”

“I’m glad, Gus,” Justin commented.  “Brian and I talked to day and we were wondering if the week before school starts again, would you like to go somewhere for a week?”

“That would be great! Where are we going?” Gus asked.

“We thought we would let the two of you decide.  If you can decide by talking, great.  If you have different places, we will put them in a bowl and draw.”

At the exact same time both boys said, “Can we go to the cabin?” Everyone laughed.

“We were hoping you would say that,” Justin smiled at their sons.  “Gus, you will be done with your cooking classes by then and Aiden, I am betting you will be all better by then.”

“I hope so! I want to go find my wolf friend.”

Brian, sitting next to Aiden scooped him up onto his lap. “You, young man, are going nowhere without one of us, and preferably all of us.”

Gus swallowed hard and his eyes filled with tears, hearing his dad say that.  They had no reason to trust him anywhere near his brother out there.  But his dads trust him. 

Justin noticed Gus’ reaction and put his arms around him. “We know we can trust you with Aid.” Justin kissed his cheek. “You love him as much as we love him. That’s all we need to know.”  Gus wrapped his arms around Justin but didn’t say a word.   

Gus volunteered to clean up the leftovers and Brian and Justin went up to bathe Aiden and put him to bed. Gus was in his bedroom by the time Aiden was asleep.  Brian and Justin knocked on Gus’ door and entered it.  

“Dads, did you hear about JR, and Uncle Ted and Victor?”

“Yes, that’s why we came in here, to see if you had heard.”

“That would be so cool if he moved in with them part of the time.  I’ve met his mom a couple times but she is so young and with four kids she just couldn’t do what she wanted to.  With Victor and Ted’s help, everything will get better for them.”

“What would you think of Victor, Ted and JR coming with us to Montana?  It would mean you and JR would have to sleep in the new bunkhouse.  It should be done by then.” Brian asked.

“I think that would be great and I like having Victor there just in case Aid gets….”

“Gus, he isn’t going to get sick again.  He is well on his way to being healthier than ever,” Justin said reassuringly.  Justin said it to reassure Gus but he had to hear it himself, too. “Goodnight, Gus.”

“Night, Dad.”

Brian walked over and gave Gus a hug and kiss, “Have you talked to your mothers?”

“I told them I would call them when I was ready to talk to them.”

“That is fair enough. And you are alright with Cass being around?”

“Ya, she made her point and I would never jeopardize her career.  Tomorrow you are dropping me off at the treatment center?”

“Ya, Blake is waiting for you.  Years ago he and Ted were an item sort of but he is a great guy and I hear he runs a top of the line recovery program.”

“Do you know what I will be doing?” Gus asked.

“He said part of the time you would just be there to play cards or a game with patients.  You also might help with snacks and stuff like that.  Uber will pick you up around 1:00 p.m. to bring you home.” 

“Well, I am going to play a game with JR and Lainn for a little while but I’ll go to sleep on time.”

“Do you want me to wake you in the morning?” Brian asked

“That’s Ok. I will set my alarm.”  With that Brian and Justin left his room.

As they got to their room they closed the door behind them.  They sat on the love seat and turned on a show.  They sat in silence for sometime just enjoying the feeling of being together.  

“We should call Ted and Victor so they can start making plans, if they want to go.” Justin said.

“I am sure they will.  They love the area almost as much as we do.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they bought some land up there.  In fact, if they wanted to build on the far side of our place I think we should let them.” Brian kissed Justin lightly.

“I think that would be great,” Justin hesitated for a minute.  “Brian, I got an email today.”

“Only one? I wish I had only gotten one.”

“Brian, this was a personal email.”

“Oh, who was it from?”

“Brian, it was from Daklin. He wants to see Aiden.”

“He has given up all rights to him. You don’t have to do anything.”

“I know that, but Aiden has already asked about him a couple times.  I’m going to tell him to forget it but I want you to know that this will probably have to be dealt with sometimes.”

“From what I have heard about your ex there is a motive here.  He doesn’t just want to see Aiden.”

“I know.  And I plan to find out what that motive is.” Justin turned into  Brian and looped an arm behind his head. It didn’t take any effort to bring  Brian’s head down to his own mouth.  As the heat of their mouths transferred from one to the other they both felt the heat start in their groins and spread upward. Justin turned so he was straddling Brian and soon he was rocking against him.  Brian had managed to get Justin’s T shirt off and his mouth roamed over Justin’s neck and upper chest as Justin continued to slide his fly against Brian’s.

“Damn, you know all the best ways to distract me.” Brian’s mouth came back to Justin’s and then, through his actions, Justin knew to stand up and they moved toward the bed.  Both were undoing their pants as they moved.  They stood in the window naked for several minutes exploring, tasting, and touching.

Jenn walked to her apartment and glanced up at light filtering from Brian and Justin’s room. She could see her son and son in law in each other’s arms.  She loved them both so much but she may have to remind them she lives in the backyard. As she stood there, the boys moved out of the window toward the bed. Jenn smiled and moved on to her bedroom.  She wondered when she should tell them she was moving out.  They had met her friend many times and it was time for her to make a move.  Aiden was on the mend and she wasn’t going far if they ever needed her she would always be there for her grandkids but it would be from a house she shared with Joe.

Brian and Justin took their time.  As Brian moved over Justin he took time to say, “I could never get tired of exploring your body.”

“Does that mean you aren’t tired of finding the same thing every time?” Justin arched as Brian focused on the inside of one of Justin’s elbow. “Oh, why do your lips in that spot feel so….” As Justin sucked in a deep breath, Brian’s hand moved down to stroke Justin’s cock. He moved down and took him into his mouth.  Justin arched as Brian continued tantalizing him. “Brian, I can’t wait any….” with that he thrust into Brian’s mouth once more and Brian swallowed all he offered and as soon as Justin had regained his control he pulled at Brian to move up and he lifted one leg, allowing Brian access. Brian positioned himself and slipped into Justin.  His eyes rolled into the back of his head as he immediately got hard again. Brian tried to hold back but his need to cum overtook him and he thrust hard enough for Justin’s head to hit the padded headboard and then Brian dropped on top of him.

“I will never, ever get tired of that and I hope you don’t either.” 

As Brian rolled off of him, Justin moved  so he hovered over Brian.  “Brian Kinney, if you think you have to worry for one second about Daklin, you are so wrong.  He never could do what you do to me and he never really learned to touch my heart. And he never touched the other parts of me like you do.” Justin kissed Brian’s chest.  “I love only you, Brian Kinney!”  

Since it was still early, they moved to the bathtub.  They soaked and talked for a long time. They made love again before they got out and went to the bed.  This was the first time in weeks they fell asleep feeling like everything would be alright. July turned to August and Gus' baking class changed into a class on making main dishes.  When Cass babysat Aiden, she took him to different museums and art galleries.  And as the summer came to a close, Brian and Justin packed up the boys, ready for the trip to Montana.  Since it was a short trip, Cass volunteered to stay with GC.  He wasn’t happy to see his boys leave but he would be well cared for.

They arrived at the airport and boarded a private plane.  The smaller plane they were on would be able to land much nearer the cabin then if they took a commercial flight which saved them a lot of time. Gus, JR, and Aiden sat by a table in the back of the plane.  JR suggested they play Crazy 8 after they were at cruising altitude. JR was officially in Ted and Victor’s custody.  His siblings were moving in with their fathers this week, too, so Sally could start school full time after Labor Day.  She was already working for Victor and he saw great promise in her as a nurse.  

JR was still getting used to his new house. “Gus, is it normal to have so much time to do other things? I mean I would go home from school and have to help my kid brothers and sister with homework and usually make dinner. Then after I got them in bed I would do my own homework.”

“You are going to have a new way of life now,” Gus said.

“JR, I’m glad you are living with Uncle Ted and Uncle Victor. They are very good at taking care of boys.”

“Yes, I can see that, Aiden.  Are you going to help me get around at your cabin?”

“I am probly not the best person to ask.  I got really lost last time I was there.”

“Well, I bet all of us together can be safe.” JR smiled at the young boy.

“Ya, we will be fine,” Gus said as he dealt the cards out.

“Gus, do you think we can find my wolf?”

“Well, we will talk to our dads before we even think about it.” Gus ruffled Aiden’s hair.


Brian and Justin and Victor and Ted sat in an area near the front of the plane. “So, how are all the plans for JR?” Justin asked.

“I think he will have a hard time being a kid.  He won’t have anyone to look after.”

“Maybe you should get him a dog?” Brian said.  “GC has been the perfect family member for us.”

“We have thought about that.  We are also asking him if he has any hobbies or skills he would like to work on. You do think we are doing the right thing, don’t you?”

“I can’t imagine anything better for Sally and her family,” Brian said. 

The conversation turned to a variety of topics and sometime later Aiden came over to them and crawled on Justin’s lap.  “Is something wrong, Aid?”

“No, I just think they are tired of playing games with me. They didn’t tell me that because they are too nice.  Daddy, they said they aren’t sleeping in the cabin.  They are sleeping in the new bunkhouse.  Why can’t I sleep in there with them?”

“Aiden, you are not sleeping out there.  You will sleep in the cabin!” Justin’s words were sharp and firm.  

Aiden’s lips were firm, “Why can’t I? I promise I won’t…”

“Aiden, enough.  You are staying in the cabin!”

The other three men were a bit surprised at Justin’s lack of patience with Aiden.  It was rare for him to talk to his son in that tone.

Now Aiden’s lip began to quiver and left Justin’s lap he looked at Brian, who sat next to Justin and chose to go sit on Victor’s lap instead. He climbed on and turned so he could lay his head on Victor’s shoulder.  Justin started to talk but Brian squeezed his hand.  “Sunshine, lets go see what the older two are up to.”  Brian steered Justin to the back of the plane.

Aiden peeked out and then said to Victor, “Why is Daddy mad at me.”

“Oh, Aiden, he is just scared.  You gave all of us such a fright last time so he will probably be keeping a very close eye on you.  You have to understand how your parents feel.  They love you and your brother so very much.  Life without you would be unbearable.”

“I will be careful.  I promise.” Aiden said.

“And your dads will relax a bit once they are back in a routine at the cabin.  Your uncle Ted and I will be there to take you out so you should still be able to do all the fun things except I think you need to sleep in the cabin with us.”

Aiden made it clear that he wasn’t happy about it but he would accept it for now.  He soon was asleep on Victor’s lap.


The plane landed in Montana around noon there.  Before heading to the cabin they decided to eat at the local cafe. Aiden had forgotten, for the time being, that he was mad at his father. They all ate big, handmade bison burgers as well as fries and the teenage boys had milkshakes. JR couldn’t stop talking about the mountains.  He had seen the mountains in Pennsylvania but these were so different.

“I couldn’t imagine what mountains like this looked like.  I mean I know I saw pictures of them at school but I couldn’t imagine how big they really were.” He stared out the window as he took a big bite of the burger.

It wasn’t long before they got into a large SUV and they started up the road to the cabin. An hour and a half later with Aiden sleeping in between Gus and JR, they pulled into the driveway.  As the drive turned a corner the new bunkhouse on the far side of the barn came into view. Brian drove up there so the boys could get their bags out of the back and said they would be back at the cabin in about half an hour. Aiden picked up his own large bag and tried to carry it into the house.  Justin walked up beside him and picked up the bag for him.  He slumped and walked ahead of his dad into the house and up the stairs. 

Aiden dropped on his bed and Justin sat next to him.  “I’m mad at you Daddy.  Just because I got lost once, doesn’t mean I will do it again.  I won’t do it again. It was scary out there.”

“Oh, Aiden, it’s not that I don’t trust you.  I just can’t trust my own heart.  I love you so much and I don’t think my heart can handle having you sleep out in the bunkhouse.  That would be a long walk for me to check on you in the middle of the night. And we both know it isn’t safe to be out late after dark, although they did put in a lot more lights.”

“You really check on me at night?”

“He does, Aiden.” Brian said from the doorway, making them jump.  “There are some nights I wake up and your daddy isn’t next to me and I always know where to find him.  He has gone to your room and fallen asleep in your rocking chair when he checked on you.”

“Daddy, why do you do that? You know I am in bed in the next room.”

“Aiden, I still have dreams that wake me up and I am searching for you and I can’t find you.  When I wake up, if Big Daddy manages to sleep through my tossing, I just slip out and check to make sure my dream wasn’t true.”

“Big Daddy, does he really do that?” Aiden looked sincerely at Brian.

“It is true and sometimes I do the same thing.  You will have plenty of years to stay in the bunkhouse as you get older but this time….”

“This time I will sleep in the cabin.  If you want I can sleep in your bed so you don’t have to worry about me.”

Brian winked over top of him and said, “I don’t think that is necessary.  We know you can handle your room and plus, Victor and Ted will be right across the hall up there.”

“Ok, Daddies.  I will unpack my bag by myself so I know where everything is.”

“Alright, Aid.” Justin hugged him tightly and gave him a kiss before they walked out of the room and down the steps.

“Big Daddy, I get the feeling you didn’t want our son to sleep between us all week. Do you have plans for us?”

“My darling, Sunshine, I always have plans for you.” With that said the grabbed their bags and carried them to their room.  

“I love you, Brian.”

 

“Oh, Sunshine, I love you, too.”


Chapter 13 by Simply written

Chapter 13


“Wow, this place is great!  I don’t think I have ever seen this much, well, nature,” JR said as he came into the main cabin.

“How’s the new bunkhouse?”  Justin asked as he put an arm around Gus and kissed his cheek. Gus used to be embarrassed when his dads hugged and kissed him so much but now he kind of liked it.  They would never do it in front of his friends but JR was now part of the family and he knew he wouldn’t think it was dumb.

“It is really nice!” JR answered before Gus had a chance.

“It is,” Gus affirmed.  It is bigger than  I thought it would be but it will be great if Aunt Molly and Uncle Spenc come to visit. Six people will fit in there and they even put big shelves in there for your suitcases or bags.”

“And there are drawers under the bed for more storage since we could only get a couple shelves in there,” Brian added and then asked,  “Did you check out the bathroom? I know they had to get creative for a water source.  Just remember the water out there isn’t to drink. It is fine for bathing and washing your hands but it isn’t purified drinking water.”

“Ya, the minifridge is stocked with bottled water,” Gus stated. “Can we get some sodas out there, too?”

“Sure, or juice or whatever.  My guess is you will want some snacks, too.”

“JR, do you want to see our barn fort?”  Aiden asked, walking over and taking JR’s hand.

“I would love to see your barn fort.” JR looked over at Gus.  

“Sure, there is lots to do out there,” Gus said.  Aiden held onto JR’s hand and took him toward the door.  As Gus got to the door he turned around to his dads and said, “I won’t take my eyes off of him.”

“We know you won’t, Gus but don’t forget to enjoy yourself.  Aiden isn’t going to go far.” Justin said as Gus picked up a walkie talkie and pulled the door shut.

Brian pulled Justin into his arms, “They’ll be fine out there.”

“I know they will,” Justin said with a tremor in his voice. My head knows it but my heart is having issues with it.

“That’s normal, Justin,” Victor commented.  You almost lost Mon Petit forever. But he is a bright boy and he will be much more careful, plus he is with his brother and JR.  I can’t think of two more caring teenagers.”

“I know you are right, Victor.  And Gus made sure he took a walkie because that is our rule here.  I knew I needed to come back up here to face this fear.  This has always been our place of comfort.  I need to get that back. Sorry you have to see me such a mess.”

“Sunshine, we all love that boy and we all love you.  You don’t think I don’t have that same feeling? I’m just too stupid to say it.” Brian kissed Justin.  “We are in this together. And Ted and Victor have proven over and over they are in it with us. We couldn’t ask for better friends.”


The first night there Gus volunteered to make dinner with JR and Aiden as his sous chefs.  Because of the time change everyone would be going to bed early.  It may be 6:00 pm in Montana but they felt like it was 8:00 to them and they had been up very early.  Aiden was already fighting to stay awake.   

Everyone was very impressed with Gus’ new skills and they enjoyed the meal.  As the sun started to go down, JR and Gus got ready to go to the bunkhouse.  They grabbed some snacks and drinks in case they got hungry.  “Remember, guys, once you are out there we don’t want you coming back to the house. When it gets dark you never know what animals are around.  If you need us, use the walkie talkies and we will come out there,” Brian said.

“We know, Dad.  We’ll be fine,” Gus said as he rolled his eyes.

“I know you will but we both know how dangerous the woods can be.  And I am going to walk out there with you because I haven’t seen the place yet.”

“I’ll come with you, Brian.” Ted said. “I’d like to see it myself and the sun is dropping so you shouldn’t be walking alone either.”

“Big Daddy, can I go, too?” Aiden said through a yawn as he was curled up on Justin’s lap.

“Aid, why don’t you wait until tomorrow.  I think you are ready for a quick bath and then that big comfy bed.

“But I….”

“Aiden, why don’t you show me where your bubble bath is and I will help get it started.  Tomorrow you can show me the bunkhouse.”  Victor stood and offered his hand to Aiden. Aiden raised his arms and Victor picked up the slight boy. “Hurry back, my love,” Victor said to Ted and Justin was left alone in the kitchen.  Justin put the last couple plates in the dishwasher and started it.  He opened a nice bottle of wine so it could breath and then he went to find his son.

Aiden was in the tub with more bubbles than water. Victor was rubbing his back with a plush washcloth full of bubbles. Justin had to smile, “Well, I can see you don’t need me.”

“Uncle Victor let me put in extra bubbles.”

“I can tell,” Justin’s heart almost burst looking at his boy.  “Uncle Victor spoils you.”

“I said that but he said he could because a lot of times he has to poke me with needles and it makes me cry.” Aiden smiled at Victor, but I know you have to do it to make me feel better.  I don’t cry very often anymore, now that I am big.”

“Oh, mon petit, you are my bravest patient and one of my bestest friends.”

Aiden laughed at Victor’s use of the word bestest. “Uncle Victor, that’s not a word.”

“Well, you know, I speak French a lot better than I speak English.”

“Will you teach me how to speak French?” Aiden looked up at him. Justin walked over with a large towel as Aiden spoke and he stepped out of the tub into his daddy’s arms.

“I would love to teach you, Aiden.  We will start tomorrow.” Victor kissed Aiden’s cheek before Justin picked him up and carried him up the stairs.


“This place really did turn out nice,” Brian said as he looked around.  “This will really make it easy for us to invite family over.” He tugged on a curtain that divided the room in two.  “And if someone wants a little privacy they can have it.” He pushed the curtain back into place. “You all good out here?”

“Sure, Dad, and before you say it, I will lock the door when you leave even though I don’t know of any wolves that can unlock a door.”

Brian smiled and hugged his son.  Ted gave JR a little hug and Brian and Ted left the boys alone. As they walked away they heard the lock turn on the door. “Gotta love that kid.” Brian said to Ted.

“He is,” Ted said and Brian got the feeling he was going to say more.

“And?”

“Vic and I think he has something he hasn’t told us.  We know he is still getting to know us but there have been times when he isn’t expecting us to touch him he nearly jumps out of his skin.  He is fine in the case of me giving him a hug tonight but if he didn’t expect anyone to touch him he nearly crawls out of his own skin to get away.”

“That does sound like something happened.  I am sure Victor has an opinion.”

“We have talked about it but we don’t want to push him.  Once he is comfortable with us we will push him a bit.  We want him to know we love him and only want what is best for him.”

“You two are natural fathers.  You will figure it out.” Brian draped an arm around his shoulders as they arrived at the cabin. They arrived at the cabin and found Victor pouring glasses of wine for each of them.  “Justin still upstairs with Aiden?” Brian asked him.

Victor started to say yes but Justin walked into the kitchen, “Not anymore.  He is out and I can’t imagine he will wake up until early morning.” He slipped an arm around Brian and looked up to accept a kiss.  “Everything good out at the bunkhouse?”

“Ya, it is really nice.  It is just what we envisioned.” They all walked through the house and went to sit on the large front porch.  The sun was just sinking below the mountains. “I never get tired of looking at that.” Brian pulled Justin close to him.  “When are you two going to build up here?”

“Are you serious? We have fallen in love with this area and have thought about looking for land,” Victor said as he pulled Ted close.

“If you are really interested I will show you a couple spots that would be perfect. I will give you the land for the cost of taxes.”

“That is really generous,” Ted said as he looked at Victor and Victor kissed him.

“I can’t wait to see the sites you are thinking of,” Victor said.  

They continued to chat and sip on their wine until the glasses were empty and they all couldn’t stop yawning.  “Well, you are welcome to stay up as long as you like but I think we are heading to bed,” Brian said.

“We are, huh? I don’t remember being asked,” Justin said haughtily but then laughed at Brian’s surprised face.  “Of course I am going to bed with you.”  Ted and Victor stood up at the same time and followed them in.  “I’m going to turn on the monitor in Aiden’s room but he may wander over to your room if he wakes up.  He does that often with Gus.  You can just send him down to us.”

“We will take care of him if he walks over,” Victor smiled.  “You know your son has stolen my heart.”

“Well if we go upstairs I will do my best to steal it back.”

“Oh, my love, you know you will always have it.” Victor then whispered several things in French to Ted.

“Do you understand French, Ted?” Justin asked.

“Not really but after being married for years I have learned the words I like the best.?” Ted moved Victor towards the steps and after all four of them said goodnight they moved up the stairs while Brian and Justin went down the hall to their own room. They changed into shorts and t-shirts and got into bed. Laying face to face Justin softly said, “Was I too hard on Aiden today?  I just pictured him walking in the woods and lost it.”

“He understands now, as much as a 6 year old can. You are just a loving, concerned father.” Brian kissed him lightly.

“Bri, I should tell you something.  After we landed I had an email come in.”

“And….?”

“It was from Daklin.”

Brian stiffened, “I thought we were going to ignore him.”

“I don’t think that is going to be possible.  He is threatening to get lawyers involved.  It sounds like he has done quite well financially but now personally.  He is alone and has money.”

“Well, you aren’t alone and we have money, too.” He pulled Justin closer and kissed him as he pressed his body tightly against Justin’s.  If we were short on cash, I would take out a second mortgage on the house and our offices.  He is OUR boy. That fucker can’t have him, not for a visit, not for a day, not for an hour!”

Justin pressed his lips to Brian, “We may have to and I think an hour or a day is a lot better than a week or month. His mouth traveled along Brian’s jaw, “Brian, it may not be our option.  Dak is on the birth certificate even though he gave up custody, he wouldn’t sign over all parental rights.” Justin found Brian’s mouth again and after a long explorative kiss, Justin said, “I don’t want to talk about it tonight.  I don’t want to talk about it this week.  Dak will have to wait until we get back to Pittsburgh and we’ve talked to our lawyer.  And now,” Justin’s hands moved under Brian’s t-shirt and tugged it towards his head. Brian moved to make it easier for him to remove it.

“Sunshine, I am not sure I have the energy to….”

“I just want to feel your skin against mine. I just want to feel your warmth.”  Justin slipped off his shirt and then turned his back to Brian and melted against his chest.  “I love you, Brian.” After a moment he said, “You’d really take out a second mortgage?”

“I would do anything for you, for our boys. Good night, love.”


The next couple days were laid back.  By day three, Ted and Victor had a site picked for their new house.  The whole group had gone on a couple hikes and Aiden was thrilled to always have someone to pay attention to him.  He would go on a walk with Victor and Ted or he would hang out at the bunkhouse or barn fort with Gus and JR.  And of course, he spent time with his dads. In the evenings they spent time in the hot tub. It was a little crowded if all of them were in there but the teens preferred to spend time in the bunkhouse after dark and once Aiden went to sleep, the four men stripped and sank into the hot tub with plastic glasses and a bottle of wine.  They talked about the new house that would be built and Brian and Justin told Vic and Ted about the Dak situation. It felt good to just talk about it and know they had a great support system.

Both couples began to focus on each other.  Ted and Victor said something as they slipped out of the tub but Brian and Justin didn’t seem to notice and after they each grabbed a towel, they moved inside and Justin immediately was stradling Brian’s lap and then he sank down on Brian’s waiting erection. They moved as one, the rhythm was slow but powerful. As they both climaxed they shouted and then they heard a wolf.  Wherever he was, he was much closer than normal.

“Sounds like we don’t have time to relax in the afterglow.” Brian kissed Justin and they both stood and they dried off quickly and covered the tub before rushing into the cabin.


“Should we go check if something is wrong?” JR asked Gus after hearing Brian and Justin shout. His eyes got big when he heard the wolf so close.

“Only if you want to see my dads screwing,” Gus said, “and then be eaten for a midnight snack.”

“Do you think the wolves would really….”

“I wouldn’t go looking for them but they aren’t looking to hurt us.” He told him the story about the wolf helping Aiden to the treehouse and then, “And I know it sounds crazy but I swear a wolf led me to the treehouse where Aiden was. He just appeared when I wasn’t sure what direction to go and he led me to the stream so I could follow it up.”

“You weren’t scared?”

“The only thing I was focused on was finding my brother.  I would have given my life for his.”

“You are a good brother,” JR said.

“So are you, JR? You were always talking about everything you did for your siblings.”

“I am feeling a little guilty.  My brother and sister that are together are with their dad and he is a great guy.  It didn’t work out between our mom and him but he is married and his new wife is great.”

“So what are you feeling bad about?”

“My other brother is the one I’m worrying about…..” JR stopped talking.

“Does he live in a crappy area or something?”

“He just isn’t ….. I just was glad when my mom kicked him out.  He …..”

Gus said, “If you tell me something I won’t tell anyone.”

JR hesitated, then he shrugged and said, “He just always had something to say about me being gay.” He was quiet and then said, “I’m going to shower.”

After he shut the bathroom door, Gus stared at it for a few minutes.  Was something bothering JR?  He wasn’t sure but he wasn’t going to push it.  Hopefully his friend knew he could talk to him if he needed to.


The vacation week was going too quickly.  Thursday they planned a picnic for all of them.  Gus helped Justin pack a large lunch bag.  They had a cooler full of drinks and a basketful of food and late that morning the group of seven started their easy hike. They moved toward the pasture where they picked berries early in the summer, the spot where Aiden’s adventure began. The boys did a quick scan of the berry patch and to their surprise they still found a few. The men walked to the far side of the meadow where there was a picture perfect view and they spread out a blanket and the four of them sat and relaxed in the sun.

Aiden picked a few berries but then he stopped and his gaze toward the forest and then it was as if he was mentally walking through the trees on an imaginary journey.

Gus stood a few feet away and watched Aiden.  He moved up to him and laid his hand on Aiden’s shoulder making him jump just a bit. “You Ok, bro? You seem to be a long way off.” Gus could feel Aiden tremble a bit.  Rather than say something else, Gus dropped down to one knee and pulled his little brother close.  “I will never let you get lost again.  I’m so sorry that I let you wander away.”

Aiden’s little arms wrapped around his brother’s neck, “Gus, I was really scared.  Don’t tell our daddies but I was so cold and it was so dark. Until Gray Wolf and his friends came, I didn’t know what I was going to do.” JR saw the brothers and quietly moved toward the men at the other end of the meadow.

“JR, is something wrong with Aiden?” Justin was already on his feet.

“I think they just need a minute together.  They are both Ok.  It is just this spot.”

“I should have realized that.  Why did we come here?”

Victor walked up behind him and placed a hand on Justin’s shoulder, “Justin, let your sons heal.  This is just what they needed.  Gus is realizing Aiden is fine and Aiden knows he is safe. Your kids are just fine.”


Gus stood with Aiden now on his back and he began to walk toward their father and friends.  Both had big smiles on their faces.  Victor moved away and Brian moved behind Justin, slipping his arms around his shoulders as their sons walked toward them.  They couldn’t hear what Gus said but Aiden’s high pitched giggle filtered through the air,

“Damn, we are lucky,” Brian said as he kissed Justin’s neck. When Gus and Aiden got close, Brian picked Aiden off of Gus’ back and Justin slipped his arm around Gus. 

Softly Justin asked, “Gus, is everything good?”

“Ya, Dad, everything is great.” Gus turned and hugged Justin tightly. “We’re both good.”

They spent a couple more hours in the meadow.  They ate their lunch and after eating some of Gus’ now famous bacon, peanut butter, and jam cookies, the seven played some games Victor taught them and then they just lay on the blankets for a little bit and then they  all ended up dozing off.

Aiden woke when he felt something damp on his cheek.  His eyes fluttered open to see Gray Wolf standing just inches away. Justin woke when he felt Aiden move and instantly pulled Aiden close, scaring GW enough to make him run a few yards away before stopping and looking back. Justin reached slowly and tapped Brian’s shoulder and now it seemed everyone was awake. 

“That’s him,” Gus said softly.  “He led me to the stream.”

Before anyone else could say anything, there was a loud crash of thunder and for the first time they all noticed the storm rolling in.  It was moving quickly.  For a second they all forgot about the wolf and jumped up and started grabbing all their things.  When the next bang came, the wolf howled, starting soft and low and as the sound got louder it got higher.  He was answered by his pack somewhere nearby.  Before Justin could stop him, Aiden walked toward GW. Justin started to rush toward his son but Brian held him where he was.  The wolf stood where he was and as Aiden approached he sat on his haunches and allowed Aiden to hug his neck and then Aiden kissed his thick fur. And then the wolf was gone and the heavens opened up.

They all stood there trying to understand what had just happened but with the approaching storm they had to move. They all moved toward the cabin as quickly as they could and the closer they got, soaked through everything, they all just started laughing and smiling.  Something magical had just happened.  They all knew they would never have a moment like that again.

“Ok, everyone, let’s all just get rid of our clothes out here so we don’t track everything into the house,” Justin said.  “We will get all this clothes clean and dry.” 

No one noticed JR’s nervous look and he was relieved when Gus said, “We will just go to the bunkhouse and we’ll come back to the house once the rain slows down.” By now the four grown men stood naked  and Justin had already pulled out a mostly dry towel from the storage cabinet by the hot tub and wrapped it around Aiden. JR turned and started jogging toward their dry clothes.  Gus followed but he was in no hurry.  His mind was still trying to actually comprehend what had happened with the wolf. At one point he stopped running and started spinning in a circle with his face lifted to the dark sky.

“Gus, you coming?” JR shouted from the door of the bunk house.

He took one more turn but then a flash of lightning and immediate thunder let him know he better get going.  He laughed loudly. “I’m coming,” he said and ran full speed to his waiting friend.

Gus started stripping his clothes off in the little entry.  Just drop your wet clothes here so we don’t drip all through the place.  He already had his shirt off and his pants were dropping to the floor but JR was still standing in the same spot with a look Gus couldn’t figure out. And then Gus realized, JR always changed in the bathroom or if Gus took a shower JR changed while he was out of the room.

“JR, you can go change in the bathroom, you know.”  

“Oh, ya, I need to take a whiz anyway.” 

As JR shut the door, Gus said, “Toss me a towel, ok?” The door opened a little further and a large dry towel flew out and hit his face. “Thanks, I think.” Gus smiled as he started rubbing his wet curls. 

JR came out with a towel around his own waist. He sat on the edge of his bed and fumbled for some clean clothes in the drawer under his bed. Gus laid on his bed with his towel barely covering himself.  JR tried to act relaxed but he kept tugging on his towel making sure he was always covered and then he pulled his blanket over himself. Gus laid there looking at the ceiling debating if there was something bothering JR or not.  Finally he said, “JR, if you don’t want to talk that’s cool but is there a reason you never undress when I’m around? I mean, we are both guys, not that you are interested in girls.”

JR avoided the question by saying, “Your dads really keep themselves in shape. I could have stood and looked at them all day.”

“Ooo, gross.  I mean I know they are good looking guys but they’re my dads and I have to hear them have sex too often the way it is.”

“Ya, I remember when my mom was married, our apartment has really thin walls. How about your moms?”

“That’s even worse to think about. I doubt they have done anything together in a couple years. I guess I saw them kiss goodbye or hello once in a while but last year they usually just yelled if they were home at the same time.”

“Ya, I heard a lot of that, too.  My second step dad and Mom got really loud. He would come sleep in my room when Mom kicked him out.  He slept in my room a lot the last couple months they were married.” JR seemed to be thinking about something for a moment.  “I hate that my youngest brother has to stay at his house.  Jim just isn’t a nice person.” His voice was very soft by the end.

Gus knew JR had a story  he wasn’t talking about but he wasn’t going to push him.  “JR, do you think your brother is in danger.  I mean would his dad hurt him?”

“I heard Mom warning Jim that if she heard anything was going on, she would nail him this time.” 

“What was she talking about?  Did she say? Do you know?”

JR looked out the window, “I think the rain is slowing. Maybe we should dress and go to the cabin for dinner. It’s hard to believe tomorrow is our last day. It is great up here and if Victor and Ted build up here, maybe I’ll get to come up again some time.”

“Well, I am sure my dads wouldn’t care if you come up with us anytime we come.” Gus pulled the divider curtain shut.  He didn’t need to know why his friend was so shy.  He was his friend.  “Do you really think my dads are that hot?”

“I hope I find someone that looks half that good at their age.”

Gus laughed as he tossed his damp towel up and over the curtain and it landed on JR. I’m getting hungry.  Let’s get dressed.”


Aiden ran around the house going from one adult to the next, “You saw him, right? You saw my friend, Gray Wolf.  Isn’t he the biggest wolf you ever saw.  I love him.  I wonder if I will ever see him again…..”  He kept it up so long that Victor started getting concerned.

“Mon petit, please come see me.” Aiden ran into Victor’s arms.  Victor lifted him onto his lap and caught Ted’s eye, nodding at him.  Ted went and got Victor’s medical for him. He handed it to Vic.

“Uncle Victor, I’m not sick.  I’m just so happy everyone got to meet my wolf.”

“I am not saying you are sick.  I just don’t want you to get too excited that you do get sick.  Your louve…”

“I know that word.  You taught me that was a wolf.”

“You are right.  I hope when we get back to Pittsburgh you will let me keep teaching you my language.”  As he talked he listened to Aiden’s heart and took his pulse.  

“Oh, yes, I want to learn more.”

“Well, you are catching on so quickly, I have a feeling you could learn any language you like. You have a gift.”

“You got me a present?” Aiden looked at Victor.

“Not that kind of gift.  I meant you have a talent for languages.  You learn very quickly.” 

Aiden turned and hugged Victor.  “Is my heart good?”

“I think you have the best heart of anyone I know, except for my Theodore.” Victor blew a kiss to Ted. “Why don’t you go find a puzzle for us to fix.”  Aiden headed directly to the toy cabinet. 

Justin and Brian had watched all of this and when Aiden was out of earshot, Justin softly said, Victor, is he alright?”

“Oh, he is fine.  I just knew he needed a minute of calm down and thought that would work.”

Brian pulled Justin close to him on the sofa, kissing the top of his head, “Is he really talented with languages?”

“Oh, he is.  In the last four days he has learned far more than I expected him to,” Victor assured them.

“Well, we may check with his school and see if they have a program that he could get involved in.”

As Aiden came back with a puzzle the teenagers came in the back door.  Ted went to meet them. “Hey, guys, has the rain stopped?” He asked as they took off the jackets they had worn.

“The storm has passed but it is still raining a little,” Gus shook his head, sending raindrops across JR and Ted.  “What’s going on here? What are we having for dinner?”

JR walked into the living room without saying anything and sat down next to Aiden and he helped flip puzzle pieces over. 

As Ted started to follow JR, Gus reached out and grabbed his arm.  He pulled him to the large pantry and pushed him in. “Gus, what is it?” Ted said in a hushed voice.

“Uncle Ted,” Gus didn’t call him that very often anymore, “I don’t know if there is any wrong.  Maybe I’m just being dumb but, this sounds weird, but JR is worried about this youngest brother living with his dad.  I think he said his name was Jim.  He’s going to hate me if he finds out I am telling you this.  He said something about when they still lived together, he used to come and sleep with JR and JR never gets naked in front of me and…. I am sure I am just being an idiot.”

Ted was absorbing what Gus had said, “No, Gus, you are being a very good friend.  I won’t tell him you said a word but we will definitely keep an eye out for his reactions to different things and if he seemed worried, it might be because he is worried about his brother.”

“Ted, do you think that guy might have….”

“Gus, you are a great friend.  Victor and I will do whatever is best for him.”

“Thanks, Uncle Ted.  I’m glad you and Victor are helping him.”  Ted hugged Gus and then said, “I’ll go in and you can come in a couple minutes later.  We were talking about dinner, which by the way, you are going to help with.”  Ted walked into the kitchen to join everyone else.


An hour later, Ted, Justin, and Gus were in the kitchen.  “What are we having for dinner tonight?” Gus asked.

“Well, since it cooled down with the rain, we thought we might make soup and grilled cheese.” We have a lot of food we need to use up anyway.”

“May I make the soup?”  Gus asked.

“Sure, what kind are you thinking?” Justin asked.

“Well,  I saw we have canned chicken in the pantry.  I am sure there is broth and noodles and some vegetables.  Chicken noodle soup it is.” He started pulling out carrots, celery and onions and started chopping.  An hour later the chicken soup smelled amazing and Ted had made several grilled cheese that were staying warm in the oven.  Justin had put together a salad out of ingredients in the refrigerator.  

Aiden came in and stood next to his dad.  “Is dinner ready? I’m hungry!”

“Well, in about five minutes it should be ready.  Soup and sandwiches are ready.”

“Are there more cookies for dessert?”

Gus turned and picked up his little brother, “I think the container is empty but I saved two of them back for you.”

“I love you, Gus.” Aiden hugged his big brother.”

“Love you, too, bro.” Gus kissed his cheek. “Why don’t you go tell everyone else dinner is ready.” He set him down and he was gone in a shot.


“I’m sorry, but I have to ask, is anyone else still shocked that my little bro was hugging a wolf this afternoon?” Gus asked as he sat down after dishing soup up for everyone. 

“I told you he was my friend! Didn’t you believe me?” Aiden asked.

“Of course we believed you, Aid,” Brian said as he put his arms around him and kissed the top of his head.  “We just didn’t think we would ever get to see him. You do know that you need to stay away from wolves though, right?”

“But he’s my friend. I couldn’t be scared of him,” Aid was persistent.

“I just meant….”

Justin laid his hand on Brian’s thigh and squeezed gently,  “We are glad you got to see your friend. Justin kissed Brian and moved his mouth to Brian’s ear and whispered, “We can train him about wolves later.” 

Brian turned and kissed him softly, “You are so right., Sunshine.”

“Well, I know he likes you, Aiden.  He led me to you.” Gus offered.

They all were animated as they talked about their day and the whole trip.  “So, JR, what do you think of the area? Do you think it is a place you would like to come visit again?” Ted asked.

“Oh, ya, it is so beautiful up here and it still amazes me how quiet it is.”

“Well, we hope you will help us come up with a floor plan for our new place.”

“Oh, I would love that.” JR was having a hard time talking.  He was so amazed how things had changed for him in the last couple weeks.  Ted noticed him struggling to control his emotions.  He patted JR’s knee under his table and changed everyone’s focus.

“This was just what I needed before the busy fall season starts.”

“Ted, don’t think I haven’t noticed the work you did, even on vacation,” Brian commented.

“I don’t think I spent more than a half hour each day,” he said.

“He is truthful,” Victor said.  I wouldn’t let him work more than that.

“And, Brian, you have worked yourself,” Ted added.

“Just kept in touch with Cynthia. Gus, this soup is really good. You really did learn a lot at your classes.”  Brian smiled at his son, “Are you thinking being a chef is something you would like to do as a career or is it just an enjoyable skill?”

“I’m not sure, Dad.  It is something I will have to think about.  Being a chef is really hard work. I mean the time you put in and it is weird hours.”

Brian was surprised his son had thought that much about it.  “Well, you have a little time yet to figure it out.  You know you would always be welcome at my office or your dad’s.”

“You could use your creativity through art, too.” Justin commented.  He looked around and since everyone was finishing their meal, Justin stood and as he reached for a dirty plate, Brian pulled him onto his lap.  He kissed him long and hard.  It went on long enough, Aiden started giggling.

“Oh, god, enough already,” Gus said and then he laughed a little, too.  They embarrassed him sometimes but he realized how much better that was than his mothers’ hostility.  He hoped they got their shit together but he didn’t see himself moving back with them, not permanently.


Once the table was cleared they all went in and watched a movie.  It wasn’t long before Aiden was sleeping with his head in Gus’ lap as they were on the rug in front of the TV.  As the movie ended, Gus yawned himself, “Who knew meeting a wolf could be so tiring?”

Justin picked Aiden up and started up the stairs with him.  Brian looked at Ted, “You want to walk the boys out to the bunkhouse with me? I have just one thing about work I want to mention before I forget.”  They followed the teens about halfway and then stood in the middle of the yard until the boys waved at the door and shut it behind them.

“What is it, Brian? I didn’t see anything in my email….”

“Ted, I don’t like to get you in the middle of family stuff but you need to back up what I am going to tell Justin.  The day after tomorrow when you all head back to Pittsburgh, I am going to go on a quick trip.”

“Where are you going?” 

As Brian and Ted walked back to the house, Brian told Ted of his plans.

“I am not going to try to stop you but I don’t like it.”

“I never asked you to like it. You just have to tell Justin you sent me on this quick trip.”

“Damn. I wouldn’t do this for anyone else, you know.’


Victor and Ted lay facing each other. They were still catching their breath.  “I don’t know what it is about this place but, our sex life is always amazing but up here….” Ted stroked Victor’s cheek.

“It must be the fresh, mountain air.” Victor said as he trailed a finger down his arm.  

“Vic, Gus said something to me today that I think we need to investigate.”

“What is it?” Victor asked as a finger now traced Ted’s lips.

“He thinks JR might have been abused and that he is really worried about his youngest brother living with his dad.”

“JR was abused by that man and now his brother is?” Victor had sat up.

“He didn’t tell Gus anything but we have seen him flinch if he is touched unexpectedly and Gus just observed a couple things.  Gus just wanted us to be aware.”

“God, I would like to jail every man or woman that has harmed a child.” 

Ted wrapped his arms around Victor and pressed him back down on the mattress.  “We will figure it out when we get back but right now….” Ted laid his chest on Victor’s and kissed him.  “One more round, old man?”

Before he realized it, Victor had flipped Ted on his back, straddling him, he said, “Who are you calling old?”


Brian’s tongue moved down to one of Justin’s nipples. He took his time and went from one nipple to the other.  He was a bit distracted.  He kept thinking about his trip.

“Um, Brian, is something wrong?”

“What? No, why?”

“Well, you have always been a thorough lover but I think those are going to fall off soon and I do know another part of my body that is dying for a little attention.” Justin reached down and tilted Brian’s head up so their eyes met. “What is it?” Brian moved up and kissed Justin as his hand moved down to that specified body part and this time when Brian’s mouth moved down Justin’s body and slipped his mouth around Justin’s cock. “We’re not done talking but…..oh, god, it will wait.”

Forty five minutes later Justin’s head lay on Brian’s chest.  He trailed a finger over Brian’s sex warmed skin.  “Bri, what is it? What’s wrong?”

“Wrong? I think I am still getting over the sight of our son hugging that huge animal.  I think the world stood still until he was back in our arms.  I never thought he was lying to us but I thought maybe it was some kind of dream or something.”

“Scared the hell out of me but I think it was good for both Gus and Aid.” Justin said as his finger trailed down the thin column of hair that trailed below Brian’s belly button.

Brian reached down and, taking Justin’s hand, brought it up to his mouth, and kissed his palm. “I hate to do this to you but I won’t be going home with you on Friday.”

Justin pushed himself up on his elbow and looked at Brian, “What do you mean you aren’t coming home with us?” He looked confused, not angry.

“I had something come up at work and it is going to take a trip to the West Coast and since we are this far already, I thought it just made more sense for me to get it done and save the time of flying home and turning around and flying back.”

“I understand.  I hate it but if you are getting a new account and in the long run, it will be a shorter separation.  How long do you plan to be?”

“We’re leaving Friday.  I should be home on Sunday.  We can have a low key Labor Day home together and then I will be there when the kids go to school on Tuesday.”

Justin stretched a bit and both men moved into their normal sleeping positions. Brian’s arm was draped lightly over Justin’s waist.  “I love you, Sunshine.  I am the luckiest man in the world.”

“I love you, too, darling.”  As they both drifted off. Brian was thinking about his impromptu trip while Justin closed his eyes and could only see his small son next to that massive animal.


The last day the boys, including Aiden, spent time in the barn fort.  After the storm it was chillier and there was the feel of fall in the air. They were in and out just messing around. When Aiden dozed off on the old sofa, JR covered Aiden up with his own jacket.

“You going to be warm enough?” Gus asked.

“Ya, I have this hoodie on and it isn’t that cold in here.”

“Cool, thanks. You are a great big brother, even to my brother.”

“You have all made me feel like family,” JR said but then Gus saw him withdraw a bit.

He walked over and put a hand on JR’s shoulder, “JR, is something wrong? You know you can talk to me.  You have listened to me often enough.”

JR glanced at his friend, “I’m good.  I think it is just all the changes.  My life is good.  I know this is best for my family and my sibs will be so much better off when Mom is done with school, but….”  JR stopped and turned toward Gus who hugged him.

“But?” Gus asked softly.

“Never mind.  I am always the one that worries.”

“JR, you can talk to Ted and Victor.  Whatever it is, they are good guys.” JR held on to Gus and Gus let him.  

After a few moments JR took a step back.  JR grinned at Gus, “You sure you don’t want to try a guy? You are my cutest friend.”

Gus glanced at Aiden and made sure he was still sleeping before he looked at JR, “Have you ever kissed a guy, JR? Have you ever kissed anyone?”

Softly he said, “No. I haven’t.  I really want to but… I know you have kissed someone. Last spring you were definitely hot and heavy with someone. Did you actually….you know?”

“No, we didn’t.  It wasn’t the right time.  This summer there were some great girls in my cooking classes. I have several I hope to get to know better.”

“I am sure you will,” JR laughed and the mood was lifted.


The rest of the day was uneventful and before they realized it,it was time for bed.  Brian’s flight was early in the morning so they all would need to be ready to go at 6:00 a.m.  As they loaded all the bags into the back of the SUV. Aiden’s lower lip quivered a bit when Justin put him into his carseat.  

“Aid, what is? You look so sad.”

“I just don’t want to go home yet.  I love this place.  Do you think we can come back for Christmas?”

“I don’t know.  Do you want to have Christmas away from Grandma and Tasha and Aunt Molly?”

“Couldn’t we all come?”

“We will talk about it,” Justin said and kissed his son’s cheek.  “It isn’t always easy to travel here in the winter, but we can talk about it, I promise.”

And with that everyone got into the vehicle and they started the drive to the airport.

“Maybe by Christmas we will have a cabin of our own?” Ted said, linking his arm through Victor’s.  “When are  we going to meet with the architect?”

“Tuesday morning!” Victor said cheerfully.  “I can’t wait.” 

JR and Gus sat on either side of Aiden and both boys rested their heads against Aiden’s car seat, each holding one of Aiden’s hands.

Brian and Justin were mostly silent on the ride and after they had emptied the car Brian hugged and kissed his boys goodbye and then he and Justin took a few steps away.

“I’ll call you tonight, Sunshine.  I’ll try to do that before Aiden goes to sleep.”

“Brian, why do I get the feeling you aren’t telling me something?”

“Sunshine,” He pulled him close, “It is probably just that I am not sure what is going on.  I mean I don’t have any of my normal work stuff with me.  I am sure Cynthia has everything waiting for me at the hotel.” He brought his mouth down on Justin’s and pulled him even closer.  “This is just a couple days.  I will take the red eye home tomorrow.  I should be home on time Sunday morning.”

“Why don’t you call with all your flight information and we can pick you up at the airport.” Justin’s hand rested on Brian’s cheek.

“You don’t have to do that.  You just have a nice brunch ready for me.  Make our chef in the making do it. I don’t care.” Brian looked at his watch, “Shit, I have to get moving.  I love you.  See you Sunday!” Brian gave him one more quick kiss and waved at the boys before jogging off with an overnight bag on his shoulder.

Soon both planes took off, Brian heading west by himself while the rest were heading back to Pittsburgh.  Once they could move around, Aiden went to Ted and Victor to work on his French. Gus dropped into the seat next to Justin.  He was silent for a few moments. “Dad, I should have said this earlier.  Thanks for making me come live with you.  Who knows what kind of trouble I would have gotten into by now.  I just didn’t know what to do with all the shit going on with my moms and I was sure it was all my fault.  One time I overheard a phone call between you and him and you said, ‘We need to discuss Gus.’ I could tell you were really worried about me and I realized I just had to let you, both of you, take care of me.  I didn’t have to be in charge. I didn’t have to do anything but be me.”  Gus put his head on Justin’s shoulder. “I know I don’t say it as often as I should, but I love you.”

Justin’s heart swelled, “We love you so much, Gus.  And you will always belong with us.” And they chatted softly as the plane took them home.


THE END

Let’s Discuss Gus





















Prologue

Aiden’s Plight


Brian got off the plane.  He hadn’t been in Seattle for a while.  He didn’t have to wait for any luggage so he went out and grabbed a cab. He gave the driver the address and sat back in the seat.  He pulled out his phone and checked for emails from Mel. As angry as he was at her and Lindsay, he needed her right now.  As soon as he had gotten to the terminal at the airport in Montana, he had called her.

“What the fuck do you want, Kinney!  I don’t understand how you can even have the gaul to call me after what you did at your….”

“Don’t go there, Marcus.  You both have been acting like children while our son is trying to be the mature one.  He is great by the way.  Two months away from the two of you….” Brian stopped and took a deep breath. “Mel, I don’t have time for this.  We can spew at each other another time but right now it’s about Aiden.”

“Aiden? Oh, Brian, he isn’t sick again, is he?”

“No, actually he is doing very well but Justin's ex is causing issues.  He is going to fight us for shared custody or at least visitation.  Mel, what can we do? We are not letting him have our boy, no matter what.”

They had talked until he had to board the plane so now he was seeing what she had found out. Her message said, ‘I reviewed your custody paperwork.  I found his attorney’s name but his office just opened.  I will call you as soon as I have contacted him and know what he is planning.’  It went on and said, ‘Why did you go to Seattle? What do you think you could do?  Don’t do something stupid and screw this up for all of you.’

Brian reread her short email and realized he wasn’t sure what he was going to do but he couldn’t sit back and let that asshole try to take his son. The cab stopped in front of an upscale townhouse and Brian got out and paid the driver. He stood there watching the car drive away before turning toward the walkway and he made his way to the door.

Brian pressed the doorbell and waited.  He could hear steps from inside.  The door opened quickly and Daklin said, “Yes, can I help you?” Daklin looked at the gorgeous man standing in front of him and as he looked at him from the top of his head with that thick, dark hair all the way to the toes of his brown Ferragamos, he had a feeling he should know who he was. 

 

Brian looked at the shorter man in front of him, “You definitely can.” Brian had decided he was going to try to make this a business deal.  He stood straight and offered his hand.  “My name is Brian Kinney.  I am the man married to your ex and who is the father of the boy you had with Justin, and,” Brian pushed his way past Daklin, “I am going to tell you why you will never have any right to our son!”

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1640