A Father's Remorse by Simply written
Summary:

May be an image of 7 people and text that says 'A Father's Remorse Father Kevin Brian, Justin, Gus & Aaron Ronni & James Bennett & Emmett Honeycutt'

Christmas is over and a new year has begun. Brian is going to start looking for more information on his biological father but before he has a chance to do much, Emmett is hit by a crisis of his own.

A Father’s Remorse- Will Brian find his father? Will Em and his father reconcile? 

 

No matter what every father has remorse at least once in their lives.

 


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Emmett Honeycutt, Joan Kinney, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Molly Taylor
Tags: None
Genres: Alternate Canon
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: Family Issues Series
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 79538 Read: 13765 Published: Apr 13, 2021 Updated: May 29, 2021

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

5. Chapter 5 by Simply written

6. Chapter 6 by Simply written

7. Chapter 7 by Simply written

8. Chapter 8 by Simply written

9. Chapter 9 by Simply written

10. Chapter 10 by Simply written

11. Chapter 11 by Simply written

12. Chapter 12 by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written

Chapter 1


James kissed Emmett once more rolled off of him. They lay side by side with their fingers linked.

“What do you have planned today, Jamesy? Or are we going to make love all day?”

“Don’t tempt me.  It is April and there is far too much to do in the gardens.”

“You must talk to Brian and Justin.  You can not handle all of the security and the gardening this time of year.  I mean, we can’t have you too tired to service me in the manner I have become accustomed to.”  He propped himself up on an elbow and looked at the magnificent body next to him. “I love you, James. What do you say we set a date for our wedding.  I am so ready to be Emmett Augustin.”

“Are you sure you don’t want Honeycutt-Augustin?  I would be happy to take that name.”

“James, your mother has accepted me as a son more than my own parents have in years.” Emmett laid his head on his broad chest.

“I’m sorry, love.” James pulled him close.  “We are your family now.” He tilted Emmett’s head up and kissed him again.  Join me in the shower or are you going back to sleep?”

“No, I need to make a few baked goods for a job and Tracy said she would help so I am going up to the main house.”

“Well, follow me and if you are a very good boy I might wash more than your back,” James slipped out of bed with Emmett right behind him.

“I love it when you talk dirty!”


An hour later Emmett walked into the kitchen of the main house. “Ronni, we have to talk to Justin and Brian about…”

“What do you need to talk to me about,” Justin said coming in with Aaron.

“Rara,” Aaron called out and reached for Ronni.

“Hello, my beautiful boy.” Ronni reached out and took Aaron from Justin.  “I know you have had your morning bottle but now it is time for some cereal and eggs. I already have it made for you,” she said as she strapped Aaron into his highchair.

“Now, Em, what were you about to say?”

“It’s James.  He never complains but he has more work than he knows what to do with.  There are all the flower beds that need to be planted and then cared for from now until September, not to mention keeping up security.  He has been helping Brian with security at the office, too, and….”

“Slow down, Em.” Justin said as he poured a cup of coffee. “Brian and I just hired a landscaping service to work through the summer.  James will help them get started since he knows what we wanted where but after that he will no longer be in charge of any lawn work.”

“Oh, Justin, that is the best news!” He threw his arms around Justin’s neck and kissed his cheek.  We have been trying to plan a wedding and he knew he was just going to be too busy if he was doing both jobs.”

“Well, that is not a problem and any time you two want to have a wedding our place is available if you want it here and James won’t have to worry about time off.

“Dadadada,” Aaron said loudly until Justin looked at him.

“Yes, darling boy.  Is your breakfast good?” With his Daddy’s acknowledgement, Aaron went back to eating.  “I am going up to my studio if anyone needs me you know where to find me.”

“I’ll bring up one of these muffins when they are done,” Em said as Justin kissed his son and walked to the door to the garage.

“Sounds great,” Justin called over his shoulder. 


Ronni took Aaron with her to run some errands and Tracy and Emmett kept baking.  Once Emmett got another batch of muffins in he looked at Tracy, “You Ok, if I go up to the studio with this for Justin?”

“Sure, I will take this last batch out when they are done.  Take your time.”

Emmett put two muffins on a tray and put a carafe of coffee on it and headed up to Justin.  “Hey, Sunshine, time for a break.” Justin glanced at him, “I know, I know. I never call you that when you are with Brian. I brought you some fresh coffee and a muffin.  Are you coming and sit with me or …”

“Just bring it over here.  You can stay and talk to me.  Do you and James have any plans set?”

“Oh, we have talked about a lot of things.  We have had a lot of conversations about our last name.  He suggested Honeycutt-Argentin but I told him I would be happy to lose Honeycutt.  I mean I don’t even heard from my mother anymore.  For years I would at least get a note a couple times a year.  Usually after Christmas and after Mother’s Day when I sent her a card or gift but this Christmas I didn’t hear anything.”

Justin looked over at his soft hearted friend.  He would never understand parents like that but he just had to look at Brian to see it. Justin brought his cup and the half a muffin that was left and sat down by Emmett. He reached over and squeezed his hand, “Have you tried to call her?”

“I have started to several times but I always stop. What if she doesn’t want to talk to me.  I just….. So I don’t call and I hug Ronni a little tighter.”

“You have an amazing mother in law.” Justin smiled at him.

“The only one that can hold a candle to her is your mom,” Em smiled at Justin.

“Why don’t you try calling her? I’ll sit right here and hold your hand.”

“Oh, thank you.” Emmett pulled out his phone and pressed his parents number. It rang and rang.  He was about to hang up when he heard his sister’s voice.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Katie, it’s Emmett.” Katie was the sibling closest to his age. 

“How did you know to call? Did someone call you?”

Emmett squeezed Justin’s hand as he continued, “I haven’t heard anything.  I just thought I would say hi to Mama.  I sent her a gift at Christmas and she usually responds and lets me know…”  Justin saw Emmett’s face contort. “What do you mean she is sick? Didn’t anyone think to call me? How bad..” He was silent a minute and then he said, “Well, thanks for nothing! I am coming down.  I need to see her.” Emmett listened for a moment and hung up.

“Emmett, that didn’t sound good. What is going on?” Justin squeezed his hand.

“She is on her deathbed in a hospice unit and no one could call me.  Not one of my siblings …. I need to leave.  Katie said she may not make the day.”


“Oh, Em, I am so sorry.  Call James.  Get him home so he can go with you and I will get transportation down there today.” Justin walked to the other corner of the studeo and called Brian’s office number.  He heard Cynthia pick up.  “I don’t care what he is doing. I need to talk to him right now.”

“Hold, I will put you through to his meeting.”  Cynthia knew Justin would not talk like that if it wasn’t important. 

About a minute later Brian’s voice came on the phone. “What is it, Justin? Is it one of the boys?”

“Brian, how fast can you have a plane ready?”

“A plane? I don’t have one of those ready at all times. What’s going on?”   Justin quickly explained what was up.

“I think a commercial flight will actually be the fastest.  I will have Cynthia get them booked on the first flight available in, let’s say, three hours. It’s an hour drive to the airport.  She will get everything she can possibly get ready for them, including whatever it will take to get through security as quickly as possible.” The phone went dead.

Justin walked over to Emmett where he was frozen in place.  “Is James on his way?”

“Yes, he was meeting with the landscapers.  He should be here in fifteen minutes.  What do I do, Justin?”

“We are going to your place and you can start packing for both of you.”  

As they got to the kitchen, Emmett quickly told Tracy was was going on and she said she would take care of his catering.  “Emmett,” she kissed his cheek, “Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.”

Justin received the flight information and forwarded it to James and Emmett. Justin guided Emmett to their room and by the time Emmett had gotten bags out, James’ footsteps were heard on the steps.  James pulled Emmett into his arms and Justin couldn’t hear what he was saying but he was murmuring to Emmett who immediately calmed down a bit.  

Justin slipped out of the room and checked outside the door.  There was a town car waiting for the men.  “I hate to rush you,” he said as he walked in the bedroom.  “You need to leave in the next five minutes and there is a car waiting for you.”

James and Emmett zipped up the bags and moved out of the room.  As they got to the door, Justin took Emmett in his arms and said softly, “We love you, Em.  Let us know if you need us.” He turned toward James, “I know you will take care of him.  If you need us…”

“Thank you, Justin, thank you for all of this.” James guided Em to the car and it drove away. 

Justin drove back to the house.  He figured Ronni would be back by now and he wasn’t sure if she knew what was going on.  He wasn’t sure how she would react.  Sometimes she lets them live their life alone but sometimes she wants to be involved as much as she could.    Ronni was feeding Aaron his lunch and when he looked at the clock, Gus would be home from preschool any minute.  “Ronni, did you talk to James?”

“I have.  That poor man.”

“James will be there for him.”

“Thank you for watching out for my boys. I will take care of yours if you take care of mine.”  Ronni hugged him and then, blinking back tears, picked up Aaron to meet Gus at the bus. She stopped and looked at Justin again.  “You know I would prefer to go with them but I know I can be a little much and Emmett’s family don’t accept that sweet man for who he is. I would probably say or do something that made me look unladylike.  Let’s go get your brother.”             

Justin had to smile as she walked out.  Less than a year ago she had fought the fact that James was gay but she only wanted what was best for him.  Now she knows there was no one better for James then Em.  Justin came back to reality when his phone vibrated, “Hey, Bri.  I knew it was you by the way that thing vibrated. I hope you plan to help me vibrate tonight.”

“Oh,” Brian groaned, “Damn, I think I will try to get home early today.”

“That sounds like a wonderful plan.  Is it wrong for me to want to spend the night away from the kids? I am sure Ronni would like something to take her mind off of…”

“Do that.  How about you come into the city and we can stay at the loft.  The reason I called is I am almost at the airport.  I just wanted to check on Emmett.  Meet me and we can have a ‘quiet’ night at home.”

“Why would I want a quiet night?” Now Justin was thinking about the evening.  I will let you know if Ronni can’t work tonight. “You’re a good friend, Brian, and an amazing lover and daddy. See you in a couple hours.”  Justin went off to find Ronni.


Brian had contacted the driver of the town car and he met Em and James in a parking area. He knew they had very little time but he wanted to be there for them.  “Emmett, how are you? Have you heard anything from anyone?”

“No, Brian, I am so scared.  I should have called her earlier.  I should have checked on her.  She was a good mama and I was such a disappointment.”

“Emmett Honeycutt, you were not the disappointment.  You were you!”  Brian looked over at James, “You take care of him and don’t hesitate to call us. Let us know what we can do for you.  Keep us updated.” Brian hugged Emmett and then hugged James.  He whispered, “Let us know when the time has come.”

“Thank you, Brian. I will be back as soon…”

“You will be back when Emmett is ready for you to go back.” With that James took Emmett’s hand and rushed with him toward TSA.


As soon Brian got back on the road he called Cynthia to see what she managed to get done. She assured him the food would be delivered and he was in charge of the magic. “Thanks, Cyn.  I think I can deal with the romance.”

“As often as I have walked in on the two of you I am sure you can.”

“Well, Thanks.  I will talk to you next week.  Enjoy your weekend.” Brian was already planning his stops.  He stopped at the liquor store and bought a large bouquet of flowers and then decided to get some expensive chocolate sauce for dessert in bed. Once he got home he was trying to decide if he should leave on a suit but as he walked into the bedroom and he saw his old worn jeans he slipped out of the suit and put on the jeans.  He knew Justin used to love them and he was trying to decide how long it had been since the two of them had been alone for more than a couple hours.  All he wanted to do was hold him close and feel the heat come off of Sunshine’s beautifully creamy skin.  He knew they had to talk but tonight was for the two of them to reconnect. It crossed his mind how amazing Justin was.  It was only a year ago that they  had become a family and everything else they had gone through. He was so young and yet so …         

Brian went to grab a shirt but changed his mind when he heard Justin’s voice. “Brian, are you here?”

Brian walked down the steps from the bedroom and stopped, “Hey, Sunshine.” Brian strode slowly across the loft and pulled Sunshine close. By the time they stepped apart, they both felt their blood sizzling in their veins.

“Now I haven’t had that kind of a welcome in a very long time.”

“I’m sorry.  I was just thinking how much you have done in the last year and yet you take care of everyone else.  I mean you didn’t hesitate to take charge today.”

“Oh, Brian, I only could do it because of you.  I don’t make nearly enough to have taken care of all the bills.”

“Don’t you dare say that.  You ‘earn’ everything you use and more.” Justin felt Brian’s arms pull him close again and kissed him again. “What time is it?” Brian asked.  He wanted to bed that man so badly but dinner will be here any minute he was afraid.

“Dinner being delivered?”

“Yes, it should be here within half an hour.”

“I think that’s enough time to get you out of those jeans,” Justin’s hand slipped along Brian’s fly.  Brian’s need was obvious.

“Oh, god, yes but we aren’t going to rush this tonight.  We have all night.”

“I do love you,”  Justin said as he saw the bouquet on the table. “And of course you knew exactly what to wear.”

“Well, I think you are overdressed.”  Brian tugged off Justin’s shirt. He spun Justin around and as he wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulers, Brian began to rub his crotch against Justin’s ass. Both men swooned a bit and they swayed back and forth and just as both thought they would explode the buzzer for the front door went off. Brian gently bit Justin’s neck and then moved past him and pressed the intercom, “Come up.” He turned to Justin, “You look like you could freshen up a bit...mainly...I want dinner to be a surprise. Do you mind?”

Justin kissed him and went up to the bedroom while Brian opened the door just as the lift came to a stop.  Brian softly told the restaurant staff that this was a surprise so for the next 30 minutes, Brian took care of the liquor and as the wait staff left, Brian slipped into the bedroom and found Justin spread out sleeping.  He slipped the fudge next to the bed and then lay next to him and brushed Justin’s hair off his forehead and kissed it.  

“Love, Sunshine? Dinner is ready.”

“Kiss me again.”

“Nothing would give me more pleasure.” Brian said as he sat up and took Justin with him.  He kissed him.

“Are you sure we can’t wait for dinner?” Justin’s hand dropped on to Brian’s crotch.  

‘No, we can’t.  This dinner is going to be perfect and then there will be no rush when we get back in here.” Brian stood and pulled Justin up. They walked down the steps and Justin felt like he was transported to Japan. There were tea lights lit all over the table intermingled with an amazing array of sushi.  There were steaming bowls of miso soup and tempura shrimp. They sat at the corner of the table and started with soup after Brian poured saki.

“That is the best saki.  You didn’t need to be that extravagant.”

“It is your favorite but I enjoy…”

“Darling Sunshine, you are going to have to let me spoil you tonight.” The next two hours they fed each other and they talked.  They talked about Em and James.  They talked about the boys and how fast they were growing up and  they talked about love.

“Bri,” Justin turned his face so they could look eye to eye. “Have you decided what to do about your father?” He kissed Brian’s cheek. 

“Sunshine, I promise we can talk about it in the morning. In fact I want to  but now…” he put a bite of sashimi half way into Justin’s mouth and then kissed   him taking half the bite himself.

Justin stood and offered   his hand to Brian.  “In the morning, that will definitely be early enough. Will you dance with me, Brian? Will you hold me close?”

Brian pressed a playlist on his phone and the music began to play.  It was obvious he had it ready.  The first song was a bit upbeat. Their hands slid across each other’s skin. But by the third song, Brian wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders and pulled Justin’s back against his chest and held him tight as they swayed   and then Brian’s hand gently slipped into Justin’s open fly as Justin’s  whole body began to tremble. Brian’s magic fingertips moved so lightly over his cock he had to remember to breathe. His hips began to move on their own, only wanting more intimacy.  He turned around, needing the contact.  His hands moved to Brian’s ass and soon Brian’s fly was also open and the only things that were moving were their mouths.

“Bri,” Justin said softly into his ear.  “Take me to bed.”

“Oh, god, yes!” Brian picked him up and carried him up the steps holding his body tightly against his. They both slipped out of their pants and stretched out on the bed. As Brian’s mouth moved across Justin’s chest, Justin’s phone rang. Justin started reaching for it but then stopped.

“It’s Ronni.” Justin said.

“Answer it.” 

Justin hesitated but he had to make sure it was nothing. “Hello?”

“Hey, Daddy J Are you with Daddy?”

“Hi, Gus.  I am with your daddy. Is Aaron alright? Are you taking good care of him?”

“Daddy J, you know Ronni is taking care of him.”

“Yes, she is.” He could hear Ronni telling him they can only talk another minute.  His daddies are on a mini vacation.

“Daddy J, Ronni says I need to go.  I love you.”

“We love you, too, Gussy.  You hand the phone to Ronni, now.”

“I am sorry, Justin, but he insisted.”

“I am glad he did.  We will both sleep better.” Justin sucked in his breath as Brian claimed his cock.  

“Well, I will let you go.  Your boys are just fine.”

“I know they are.”

“Have you heard from James?”

“Yes, but there is no news,”

“Let us know if you do.  Just leave a message and….”

“Enjoy.  We will talk in the morning.”

Justin had barely ended the call before he arched his back and cried out in a massive orgazime.  Brian continued to slowly and gently lick the now trembling cock.

“God, Brian how long has it been since we have….”

“Taken our time? Not just did what our bodies needed but really didn’t take it to the next step?”

“Any word from Emmett and James?”

“They arrived but no information yet.”

“What do you say you let me have my way with you and then we will call Em and James.”

Brian turned Justin onto his back and after putting one of Justin’s legs over his shoulder he began to join with him. Brian tried to make this last as long as he could but it was obvious his body had no patience right now. “Harder, Brian, I want to feel you.”  That was all the encouragement he needed. Brian lost self control and they were totally one. Nothing else existed  at that moment. 

An hour later they stirred.  “Do you think it is too late to call Emmett? It is an hour difference there.” Brian commented,

“Let’s message James. He can let us know what is up if he is still awake.”

Justin messaged James and his phone started ringing immediately. “I don’t know what to do. His family will not let him in.” James' worried voice came out of the phone.   

“Oh, James, is he there?”

“He has passed out. I took some of his tranquilizers with us but he is devastated.  I just want to knock past the guards and…”

“James, Justin and I will take the earliest flight in the morning.”

“I don’t know what you will be able to help.  If you want to come down that’s fine but Em is my love and I can stand up for him.” James snapped. “I’m sorry, I just love him so much.”

“He knows that, James.  He will always know how much you love him.  It is so obvious.” Justin’s gentleness touched Brian and he pulled him tightly into his arms.

“James, you let us know if you want us there and we will be there as quickly as we can. I will see if I can make some connections for you and maybe get you into the hospital.” Brian said.

“Thank you, both.  I knew you would be there for us.”

The call ended and Brian again started kissing Justin’s neck. “You are such an amazing man.  You know how to be the perfect friend.”

“Don’t downscore your own perfection. And if you want to show me how perfect you are…” Brian rolled him on his stomach and propped a pillow under his hips and took Justin to the haven he wanted to go.


“James, who were you talking to?” Emmett reached for James’ hand and James laid down next to him. James pulled him close.

“Brian and Justin were checking on us.” Emmett reveled in the warmth of James’ massive body.

“James, I need to see my mother. She needs to know how much I love her, how much I have always loved her? She needs to know I didn’t do any of this to make her life bad.  I know I brought her a lot of pain.”

“Emmett, you didn’t do anything.  You have always loved your parents, your family,” James started to get angry. “You were only being yourself.  I am sure you were always willing to help.  You are perfect and they don’t deserve having one so kind!”

“No, my love.  My mother had a heart of gold.  She loved. I sometimes think she tried to make up for not being able to love me by helping others.”

“But that is so unfair!” James was so frustrated. “A parent must take care of their child.  My mother…. Brian and Justin.  Nothing means as much as their children. Hell, Justin was even willing to take over his own father’s child…”

“Love me, James.  Make love to me and I hope to be there very early in the morning and maybe we can figure a way to sneak in.” James started to say something but then realized now was not the time. He gently turned Emmett over and reached down, he began to stroke him as he entered him. Before either of them climaxed they fell asleep, wrapped in each other’s love.


It was about 6:00 a.m. when Emmett and James arrived at the hospital. Emmett had woken up with a plan and nothing was going to stop him. “Ok, Jamesy.  You go in there and you flirt with anyone who will flirt back.  I think Katie will be in Mom’s room and I think I might be able to talk to her.  She has reached out more than once and until she had her own family she would talk to me when she needed an ear.” Em patted his cheek and kissed him, “Just remember you come home with me.”

“You are so amazing, Emmett Honeycutt,  soon to be Emmett Augustin, I hope?”

“I love you, Jamesy,” and with that Emmett was off and going around the corner to the back of the hospital.  Emmett gave time for James to get in the front door and he stepped in the employee’s entrance.  He knew a man that looked like James, would get anyone’s attention. Emmett had worked at the hospital in the summers.  The last thing he wanted to do in the summers was to move back here but even though there was so much negativity here, he could make a decent amount of money and he did enjoy working with the patients.  He had forgotten how much he enjoyed interacting with all of them. He seemed to be drawn to those who didn’t seem to have anyone who cared.  And of course there was his aunt Lula. He forgot how much he missed his beloved aunt. She had always been there for him.

Em realized there was a commotion down the hall.  That had to mean James had arrived.  Emmett moved down the hall to the hospice wing.  He turned the corner just as his sister stepped out of his mom’s room.  He ducked back before Katie saw him. He pressed his body against the wall as Katie turned the other way! As soon as he was sure she was not coming back immediately, he moved to his mother’s door and slipped.

“Emmett? Emmett Honeycutt?” A woman, about his age, was tending to his mother. “Are you supposed to be here?”

“Patty? You’re a nurse here?” Patty was Emmett’s younger cousin. They had always been close. 

Patty came over and hugged him.  “I heard you were here.  But you aren’t supposed to be in here.”

“Is there something written that excludes me from being here or is it just the family that has made it known?”

Enid Honeycutt coughed and Emmett rushed to her side.  He looked at Patty.  “I think you are right.  If I told you to leave I could get in trouble.  I know you are her blood relative so I must respect all families.  “I don’t know how long I can delay Katie. Talk to her.”

“Does she want to see me?”

“Aunt Enid, Em is here.  Your boy is here.”

“Em…..” Enid managed to get out his name just as Patty stepped out into the hall.

“Oh, Mama.  No one told me.  I had no idea.  I would have been here.  They didn’t…” he stopped. “Mama, did you want me to stay away?”

“Emmett, I love you. I have….. Always…” she started coughing. Em grabbed a glass of water and helped her drink.  “James. You mentioned Christmas.” 

“Oh, Mama, they wouldn’t let me see you.”  Emmett bent down and held his mother, kissing her cool, damp cheek.

“I KNEW IT! Patty, how could you let him in here?” Katie stood in the doorway with Patty right behind her.

“I have no right not to let him in here. He is her child just like you are.  There is no paperwork banning him so I had to allow it.”

“You always liked Em.”

“That’s  because he was the kindest person in your family!” Patty snapped at her cousin.

“Stop!” Enid said sharply and again started coughing. 

Both of the women quieted immediately.  Em knew James had walked in the room.  He walked up to Em and put an arm around his waist. 

“Em, you know Mom does not need to…”

“Katie, HUSH!” Enid looked at her son leaning against this man, “James,” she stretched out to his hand and he took it, kissing her hand. “Charmer.” She smiled at the man in front of her.

“Aunt Enid, you need to rest.”

“And Mama, Daddy will be here soon.”

Enid looked at her niece and her daughter. “You let them both in.  He deserves to have love with him.”

“Don’t let them scare you.”

“Aunt Enid I will make sure he is here for you.”  With that Enid closed her eyes and fell asleep. Emmitt kissed her cheek and walked out.

Katie followed Emmett, and what was his name? James, out to the hall.  Patty went back to nurse mode and stayed with the patient. “Emmett, did you really have to come and stir things up?  Mama deserves to spend her last couple days in peace and in the love of her family.”

“Excuse me, it’s Katie, right? Didn’t you just hear what your mother had to say? From everything I can see, your family doesn’t want to deal with us.  Your mother has made it clear.  I know I would never disrespect my mother by doing the opposite of what she asked.”

Emmett smiled, “And I can tell you he is just being honest. Ronni is a woman not to be messed with.”

Katie looked at her brother and had to smile, “You look good, Em. Your life looks good. So why did you have to come and stir things up. Dad isn’t going to be happy.  In fact he will be here any minute and he is going to be pissed if you are here.”

“Did you tell him I was here?”

“No, he has enough…”

“I will go, Katie, but please promise you will let me know when…. And try to break the news to him. I will be at her funeral.” With that he took James' hand and they went out the back entry.  “Let’s go get some breakfast.  There is a little cafe around the corner.”

James stopped and pulled Em into his arms, “You seem very relieved.”

“I am.  Well, I wish my mom wasn’t leaving us but at least I know how she feels.” James and Em ordered breakfast and two his surprise several people stopped and asked him how his mama was.  They let him know they were willing to help if there was any way they could.  A couple even mentioned what a handsome friend he had.  Em’s mouth actually dropped open. “I can’t believe this. People have actually changed.”

As they  continued strolling along James said, “You know what this tells me?”

“What?”

“You come from a well respected family that grew up in the deep south and who seem to have an issue with what others think and they haven’t realized most people have gotten past the old ways.”

“I wish that was totally true but it has definitely gotten better. Let’s go back to the hotel.  I think I will be able to sleep a bit.”

“And I need to talk to Mom.  I am sure she wants to know what is going on. You know she needs to be in touch.”


“That was the most amazing night  I have had in months.” Brian said as he lay on his back looking at the ceiling.”

“Are you saying I have not been the best lover lately? What am I saying, of course I know I haven’t.  I have been so absorbed in the boys and I have neglected…”

“Justin, you have never neglected me but if you are afraid something is getting neglected….” He rubbed his cock, “Let’s take a quick shower and then make sure nothing is neglected again.” Justin’s finger slipped between Brian’s legs and slipped into a very receptive location. Within moments, Brian’s cock was at full staff and Brian arched as he shot cum all over the bed. Then hand in hand they walked to the shower.


Ronni and James spoke while Em called Brian and Justin.  “Em,” Justin said softly, “We are coming down tomorrow.”

“You two don’t need to.  I won’t be welcomed here for long.  My dad doesn’t even know I am here yet but I got to see Mama and….I don’t care what happened in the past, she loves me. She maybe wasn’t open about it, but she loves me.”

“Well, I already have our tickets and Ronni is already into nanny mode.  Unless you would rather she come down. I mean, she is your mother in law.”

“No, please.  You know I love Ronni but….”

“Em, tell James we will be there tomorrow,” Brian said.

“Thanks. You two are the best.”


Brian and Justin drove home, picking up something for each of the boys on the way.  They felt bad they were going to be away for a few days and they gave Ronni the night off since she would be working for them the rest of the week. When Brian and Justin arrived Gus cheered and ran to greet them. “Daddy J!  And Daddy? You are both home to play already?”

“Yes, we are.  Ronni is going out tonight so how about if we make mac and cheese and hot dogs for dinner?”

“YEAH!” Gus saw the bags with gifts.  “Did you get us presents?”

“We did.”

“Daddy, why did you buy us presents? I’m not going to like what you are going to say, am I?”

“Well, honey,” Justin picked Gus up.  “Daddy and I are going to have to go away for a few days.” Gus’ lip began to quiver, “You've been gone a lot, Daddies.” 

“Well, Gus, let's open your gifts and we will tell you what is going on.”  Justin and Brian had talked about it and decided Gus needed to hear why they were going away and let him know, no matter how much they love him, they have friends they care about.

“Ok, Daddy,”Gus looked from one to the other. “Why are you leaving us?”

Brian handed Aaron to Justin and picked up Gus and set him between himself and Justin. “Gus, you know we love the two of you more than anything else.”

“Except for Daddy J. You love him as much as us.”

“You are very right there, Gus. But there are other people we love almost as much as we love you.”

“Like Grandma Jenn?”

“Exactly and she is family, too, but who else can you think of?”

“Are you talking about Ronni and Tracy and Uncle Em and Uncle James?”

“Exactly! And Uncle Em is very sad right now.  His mama is very sick and she is…” Brian started stumbling a bit.

“Uncle Em’s mama is going to go to heaven soon and we want to be there for him so we are going to go there so we can be good friends.”

Surprisingly, Gus’ eyes swelled with tears.  “Oh, of course you need to go to Uncle Em and you know Ronni will take good care of us.” 

Brian’s heart skipped a beat.  He didn’t know he could love his child more than he did. He pulled Gus onto his lap and hugged him tight.  “Gus, why don’t I read your new books while Daddy J makes dinner and then you can pick a movie.”

The little family spent the night together and when they put Gus to bed they let him know they would call him every day. Gus hugged each of them for several moments and then, Brian and Justin moved on to their bedroom and packed their luggage.  

Justin’s phone sounded and he froze.  “We don’t know it is negative,” Brian said but walked over and wrapped his arms around Justin as he looked at the message over his shoulder. “Oh, thank god!” Brian said.  The message said, ‘Going to sit with my mama tonight. Thank you, Jesus.’

Brian had to smile.  He was so happy for his friend.  He knew in the past he and Em butted heads many times but as they got older, he had come to understand his friend.  He loved his family and they wouldn’t love him.  He had never understood why you would want to spend time with family.  Now that he had one of his own, he understood him much better.

  


Chapter 2 by Simply written

Chapter 2


Patty let Emmett and James into the hospice wing but before leading them to Enid’s room Patty stopped and took Emmett’s hand. “Emmy, I have to tell you, your dad is waiting for you. I don’t know if he plans to stay or, I really don’t know if he knows what he is doing.  I know you didn’t deserve what they have dealt you but Em, remember he is losing the only woman he ever loved.   He hasn’t lived without her and he knows he is going to have to figure out something.  You have no reason to be kind but….”

“How can you ask him to do that?” James said, pulling Emmett next to him.

“She’s right. None of this has been easy for him. Your mom struggled a bit, too. Let me go in first, love.”

Emmett hesitated and then stepped forward into the room. James looked at Patty, “He will be alright. Uncle Bennett  would never disturb Aunt Enid as she goes through her last hours.”

“Thank you for letting him stay here tonight.”

“It really wasn’t me.  She told her husband straight out she was spending the night with Emmy and if anyone wanted to join them they were welcome.”


Emmett tapped on the door as he pushed it open. His father sat next to his mom’s bed holding her hand.  She appeared to be sleeping.  He could hear her breath was more of a struggle this evening.  Bennett looked up at his youngest son. “How is she, Daddy?” He walked over and put his hand on his dad’s shoulder but Bennett tensed so he dropped his hand. Em said softly, “You look tired, Daddy.”

“What do you expect? Your mother…”  Enid moaned and Bennett quieted.

“Daddy, I don’t mean to make this harder on you but I had to see her.  I know you don’t understand but….”

“You’re right, I don’t understand.” Bennett stood.

“Daddy….” Bennett turned and Emmett watched him walk out. 

James slipped into the room and, putting an arm around Em, had him sit next to his mom.  He pulled a chair up next to him and sat, holding his hand.

“Is he gone?” A soft voice said from the bed.

“Oh, Mama, did we wake you?”

“No, Emmy, I was awake for a bit.  I love your father but sometimes I just can’t deal with his pain. I know that is bad of me.”

“I won’t tell him,” he took her frail hand.  “Mama, why didn’t you tell me?  I would have been here for you.”

“Oh, my sweet boy, it wasn’t fair to have you come.  I have tried so many times to get your father to understand and no matter how hard I tried, he just …” Enid stopped trying to get her breath.  She finally managed to get out a little more. “Tell me about your James.”

“Oh, Mama, I am so happy with James.  He is the best man I have ever met.” Emmett told her all about him.  He would see her doze from time to time but then she would say, “Tell me more.”

It was after midnight when Emmett left to use the restroom and as soon as Enid knew she was alone with James she said, “James, you love my boy?”

“Oh, yes,  I do Mrs. Honeycutt.  And my mother loves him like a son, too.  He will always have a family with us.”

“Thank you.  That is all I needed to know.  I failed him but at least I know…”

“He loves you.  Just knowing you love him is all he needs.”


It wasn’t long after Em returned did Enid say, “James, please go get Patty.”  He stood and nodded, leaving them alone.

“Emmett, Patty will call the whole family in, now. I needed to know you were going to be alright and it is obvious you have found your family.  I hope your family will always be part of it but I know you have found love.  That is all a parent needs to know. I love you, Emmett.”

“Oh, Mama, I love you so much.”

“I am sorry I didn’t know how to fix this.”

“It wasn’t your fault.”  James walked up behind him and led him away as several family members came flooding in. As soon as he could, Em walked out the door with James right behind him.  They went to the end of the hall and James pulled him close.

“Are you alright, my love?”

“I am.  I know life will never be the same.  My mama is going to heaven but I heard her say she loved me. That is all I needed to hear.  Did she say anything to you?”

“I have her blessing.  She said she could see I loved you.  And she wasn’t wrong. I promised I would take care of you for the rest of my life.”

Emmett and James kissed in each other's arms in  the corner.  As they kissed, footsteps approach.  “Uncle Emmett? I’m sorry to interrupt.” 

Emmett stepped away from James.  It was hard to see the face of the teenage boy in the shadows.  “I’m sorry.  The light here is really poor.”

“It’s Ok.  You haven’t seen me since I was a little kid.  You always sent me some money at Christmas.  I’m…”

“You’re Nathan.  You have to be out of high school by now.”

“Ya, I just finished culinary school.  I hear that you have a catering business.”

“I do, Nathan.”

“Uncle Em, can I come live with you? I’m not like the rest of the family.  I’m like you.”

Emmett walked over and hugged his nephew, “Now is probably not the best time to talk about this but I promise, we will.  Before we go home we will talk.”

“Thank you. Grandma said you would help me find my place.  She was proud of your success. She always said you were your own person the way she never felt like she could be.”

From the room down the hall something had obviously changed.  Soft weeping could be heard and Emmett knew his mama was at peace.

“Nathan, we are at the hotel around the corner.” He gave him the room number.  “Please let me know what is going on with the services.  I’m not saying they will keep me out but they may not know exactly where two find us.  We don’t want to cause your grandpa any extra stress so just let us know what’s going on.”

“Sure Uncle Em.  I’ll come by later or earlier or… you know what I mean.”

Emmett kissed his nephew’s cheek. “We’ll talk to you later.” Em and James walked back to the hotel and dropped into bed where James held Emmett as he wept, partly for his mother’s death but partly for having this time with her.


James had texted Justin when they had arrived at the hotel so as Brian and Justin rode to the airport they were glad they had scheduled the trip when they had. “I wish I knew how last night went.  I hope he got to spend some time with her,” Justin said leaning against Brian, kissing his jawline. “From what I got, it went as well as it could have.  We are staying at the same hotel in the suite across from them.”

“I hope this suite is more than a flat screen TV across from a double bed.” Brian mumbled. 

“Don’t you like sleeping close to me?” Justin gently set his hand in Brian’s lap.

“It could be perfect if it was an extra long single.” He thrust his crotch into Justin’s hand.  “I just hate having my feet hang off the end. However, you can keep your hand where it is the rest of the day.”

“Oh, don’t tempt me, young man,” Justin turned to face Brian, straddling his lap and after Justin rubbed his crotch against Brian for 30 minutes both were barely clinging to sanity.  He was so glad they had arrived at the airport early enough to drag Brian into the family restroom so they could make love as he supported himself against the sink.  They then cleaned up and went through security and went to their gate to board. As they sat down in their first class seats Justin interlinked his fingers with Brian and he softly said, “I love you, Brian.”

“I love you, too, Sunshine.”  He brought his lips to Justin’s just as the wheels lifted off.


James answered the knock on the door, expecting it to be room service, and found Nathan standing there. “I hope I’m not too early.”

“No, not at all.  Come in. I’m James Augastin.”

“You are as beautiful as I thought you were.  Where did Uncle Em find you?”

James had to smile.  This young man was very similar to his uncle.  He had his over the top personality but with a heart of gold. “Em is in the shower.  I thought you were room service.  You are welcome to eat with us.  I ordered all kinds of food.  I’m afraid I have quite an appetite.”

“It is obvious you work out enough to burn off anything.”

“I do enjoy that but I also work hard.  I am not the office type. I prefer to be outside.”

“Who are you talking to, Jamesy?” Emmett walked out into the main room fresh out of the shower, belting his robe as he came in. “Oh, Nathan, how are you doing?” Em hugged his nephew. “They haven’t already planned everything have they?”

“No, but they are going to the funeral home right after lunch today.  There isn’t much to do.  Grandma has everything decided. If you want to be there to make the last couple…”

“As long as I can be at the service, I don’t want to cause any issues.  It isn’t worth it.”  There was another knock on the door and James answered it. 

Soon the three men were sitting around the small table and cart.  James hadn’t lied.  There was enough food for at least four people. Emmett caught up with his nephew while James ate quietly, touching Emmett’s cheek or shoulder just to show support.

“Nathan, you could have contacted me.  Was it horrible for you?”

“I would never say it was easy but it wasn’t nearly as bad for me, from what I heard.  People are finally more accepting. Grandma always felt so bad that you didn’t feel accepted.”

“And I always felt guilty because I made her life so hard. How has my dad been to you?”

“I don’t think he will ever understand either us and….well, he doesn’t understand me being a transexual.  I hope to transition but that isn’t going to happen while I’m here. Do you think I can move up there and then if I can find a job and maybe stay with you for a while?”

“I am sure we can help you out.  We can help you get on your feet and I am sure my friends will be able to help out.  You can stay with us but their pool house is empty right now so I am betting you could stay there.”

“Pool house?”

“They have a great place. We have the caretaker’s house and James’ mom helps with the kids.”

“Kids?”

“You will meet Justin and Brian soon.  Their plane is landing in a few minutes. They have the two most adorable boys, Gus and Aaron.  In fact, if you like kids they might be able give you some work.  Tracy has been helping with the house and helping me with my business but she is looking for full time work in a restaurant.  This might work out well for all of us.”

“Oh, do you really think so?”

“Ya, just let warn you about one thing, don’t ever let Brian see you look at Justin the way you are looking at James. You are about the same age but he has such a possessive streak when it comes to his husband.”

“So this Justin is my age and is already the father of two kids?”

“We’ll tell you the whole story later, just remember that could seriously hurt your chances in our plan if you mess with Brian’s jealousy.”

“That must be some story.”

“It’s an amazing story and all of it is true.”  

James' phone buzzed and he looked at the message.  “They have landed. It will probably be a couple hours before they get here.”

“Well, I will let you two alone.  Thanks for the breakfast and remember you should be at the funeral home at 1:00.  If you want I can hang here while you’re gone so I can greet your friends when they get here.”

“That would probably be a good idea.  I don’t know if they will have eaten this morning.  They tend to live on love some days.” Em smiled.

“Ok, I’ll be here in an hour so you can get there on time.”


James and Emmett neared the funeral home. “Are you alright with this, Emmett?”

“Just don’t leave my side, Jamesy.  I am going to need you.”

“Anytime you want one of them knocked out, just let me know.  All I have to do is think about how they treated…”

“James, I don’t know how I could do this without you.”

“Well, you aren’t going to do any without me.  You are stuck with me.”

“I love you, James.  Let’s go do this. I want to get home and start our new life. We have missed Valentine’s Day but let’s make it a spring wedding.”

“I can’t wait, Em. We are both going to be living the life we deserve.”  They wrapped their arms around each other and their lips met.

“Emmett, what the hell are you doing?”

Emmett turned and looked at the man who walked up. Before Emmett could introduce his brother to James, James pulled Emmett close and said, “He is kissing his fiance. Got a problem with that?”

Emmett’s brother took a step back and walked past them without saying a word. “Damn, it’s hot knowing I have a man like you standing up for me. By the way, that’s Nathan’s dad. He was always very embarrassed that his little brother. Was gay.  At least we should be able to help him out of here.” He intertwined his fingers with James and led the way with a new found spring in his step.


Nathan flipped through TV channels.  He wasn’t sure why he was nervous but he got the feeling this couple that was arriving  could make or break his future.  Would this guy really come after him if he flirted?  He always flirted.  His dad always told him he was just like his uncle. When he was little he thought that was a compliment and then he realized they thought of that as an embarrassment but he didn’t care as he got older, all he could think about was going to go live with his Uncle Em that could help him be himself. Nathan drifted off now, thinking about his grandma and his family.


Brian and Justin pulled up in front of the hotel. As they walked into the lobby it was as if they stepped back in time.  “This place is really nice,” Justin said.  I feel like we just lost 50 years but I love it.”

“Ya, rather than trashing the feel of the place they have upgraded but kept the feel.” Brian kissed Justin’s beautiful face and moved toward the front desk.  He verified their room and was told their friends already had the keys so they moved to the grand staircase and moved upward. They followed the  numbers and got to the end of the hall.  Their luggage would be delivered to their room so they went to Emmett and James’ room. 

Justin knocked, “Hey Em and James, we’re here.” Justin wrapped his arms around Brian and kissed him.

As Nathan walked to the door and opened it he knew this had to be the famous Brian and Justin, and from the first glance he got of them he could see no one had been lying to him. Two of the most beautiful people he had ever seen stood in each other’s arms.

“Oh, I’m sorry.  We thought this was our friends’ suite.”

“You must be Brian and Justin.  Uncle Em and James will be back in maybe half an hour.  I’m Nathan.”

Justin warmly reached out and hugged him, “I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother.  How is Em?”

“He is doing Ok. He got to spend last night with Grandma. I’m sorry, please come in.  They are at the funeral home now.  It shouldn’t take long.  All the arrangements were made by my grandma already. Oh ya, Uncle Em said to offer you some food.  They ordered a bunch of food like muffins and fruit.  They weren’t sure you would have eaten today.”  Nathan kept looking back and forth between the two men. They truly were beautiful. Brian didn’t say much but he was glad he had been warned he would have already been flirting with Justin and he might be dead.”

Brian walked over to the small kitchenette and picked up an apple.  He took a big bite out of it and tossed one to Justin.  “Nathan, I think we will go unpack.  They can get us or text or whatever when they get back.”  Brian walked toward Nathan and placed his hand on his shoulder. “Thanks for being here for Emmett.  He’s a good guy.” He turned to Justin and put his hand on Justin’s ass as he guided him toward the door. 

As the door shut, Nathan sighed, how was he supposed to think about anything other than those two doing what his mind could only imagine.

Brian and Justin found their luggage opened on luggage racks. Brian placed his hand on the back of Justin’s neck and pulled him close. Justin didn’t resist.  He stepped into Brian’s arms and Brian pulled him tightly against him as their lips and tongues mixed and mingled. They moved toward the bed and dropped next to each other.

“We should call Gus.  I bet he would like to talk to us,” Justin said as he ran his fingers through Brian’s hair.

“Ya and we should do that before Em and James are back.  Of course,” Brian buried his mouth into the crook of Justin’s neck. “I would rather…”  

“We have all night,” Justin said softly as he pulled out his phone. He called Ronni’s phone and waited.

“DADDY! Which one is it?”

“It is both of us, sweet boy,” Brian replied. 

“How is Uncle Em?”

“We haven’t seen him yet but we should see him very soon. How is your brother? Have you had a good day with Ronni?”

“Aaron is a good boy.  I love my brother.”

“Aaron is so lucky to have you for a big brother,” Justin said.  They chatted for a few more minutes and then they talked to Ronni before lots of hugs and kisses through the phone line and they said goodbye.

“Damn, I miss them already,” Brian commented.

“So do I but at least we have a little time alone.” Justin slipped one leg over top of Brian’s hip and soon they were naked below the waist and each had the other’s cock in his mouth and they feasted.


Emmett and James were pleasantly surprised at the reaction they received.  Nathan’s dad kept away from James after the meeting on the street but most of Emmett’s siblings were at least accepting and some were very warm.  Emmett wished his father would just talk to him but he wasn’t going to push him.  Maybe he would come to visit in a month or two or maybe his dad would come to the wedding so they could really talk. 

“Em, are you ready to go back to the hotel? Brian and Justin should be there by now.”

“It will be good to see them.  I think we need to order dinner in the room and just celebrate my mom’s life.  She deserves it.”

“I totally agree.  Do you have a favorite or we can ask Nathan…”

“I think I know exactly what we’ll order unless Nathan says things changed.” Em and James strolled toward the hotel, arm and arm.  “I think I’ll ask Nathan to give us the night to talk to Brian and Justin about the plan to have him move.” Em’s head dropped on James’ shoulder as they walked up the stairs.

“Should we knock on their door or just let them know we are back?” James asked.

“I have a feeling they may need a few minutes before they are ready to accept visitors.”

“Emmett, I love the way you talk,” James said as he unlocked their door. “Hey, Nathan, did Brian and Justin make it in?”

“Oh hey, ya, they were here for a while but then went across the hall about an hour ago.  You were gone longer than I expected. Is that good or bad?”

“It was good, Nate.  Other than Dad and, well, your dad everyone was very nice.”

“Dad can be a bit….”

“Rude?” James finished the sentence.

“My Jamesy put your dad in his place when he stopped us on the street.  James doesn’t allow anyone to be rude to me….except maybe Brian.” Em kissed James.  “And Brian is Brian.”

They talked a bit before Emmett asked Nathan about dinner. “Nathan, was Grandma’s favorite place still the little bbq place?”

“Yes, it was.  She was just talking about it last week.”

“Well, would you mind picking up one of their family packs, you know that pack that has a little of everything in it.”

“Oh, sure, that’s not a problem.”

“Go ahead and order something for yourself if you like but I think it would be best if it was just the four of us tonight.  I will be able to talk to them about you moving up.”

“Oh, sure, you can always just tell me to get lost.  Lots of people say it to me all the time.”

“Well, I better go anyway.  I will place the order and,” Nate said but then Em interrupted him.

“Oh, take this.”  Emmett handed him his credit card.

“What time do you want to eat?”

“Just have it here by 6:00.  We can warm it if we need to but they have been up a long time.”  With that Nathan walked to the door, Em followed.  

“By the way, those two men are the….”

“I told you.”

“You weren’t lying.”


An hour later Brian and Justin sat on the chair in Em and James’ suite, each with a bottle of beer. Justin was sitting on Brian’s lap as Em and James sat on the sofa.  “So what are we having for dinner?” Brian asked.

“Nathan will be bringing my Mom’s favorite meal. Trust me, you will find something to eat, even if you don’t like it all.”

Brian smiled at Em, “I am sure it will be great.” Justin always loved Brian but when he was letting his inner beauty show he loved him even more. He kissed Brian who took advantage of the situation and bent Justin back over the arm of the chair. When Brian sat back up, Justin was clinging to him. 

There was a knock at the door and soon James had helped Nate in, along with several bags of food.  He also brought in another twelve pack.  

“Thank you, Nathan,” Em hugged his nephew.  I will talk to you tomorrow.  The service will be the next day so we will talk before that.”

“Ok, oh, here’s your card. Thanks for dinner.” And with that Nathan was gone.

“He’s not eating with us?” Brian asked.”

“I think we will be talking about him throughout dinner, if I am not wrong.”

“And you rarely are!” Emmett said.

As they started poking through the bags and containers, filling their plates, Emmett made the proposal.  “Nate wants to come work for me.  He is actually the answer I need.  We all know Tracy is ready to move on.  If Nate can work for me and when I don’t have as much going on I think he would be able to help out in the house. You know Gus will be going to school all day and Nate has a slew of younger siblings.  He knows how to take care of kids.  Between Ronni and Nate they should be able to….”

“Em, Nathan is welcome whether or not he is interested in working for us,” Justin said.  “I have a feeling life hasn’t been easy for him.”

“No, my brother is an asshole and if I can help Nathan it will be worth it and if he doesn’t want to work in my catering I can help him find something he does like.  He can move into our…”

“Fuck no.  You are not having a kid move in with you as you get married soon.”

“Um, Bri, that kid is my age.”

“Sunshine, no one is your age.”  Brian snatched a hush puppy out of Justin’s hand and popped it into his mouth.  “Em, this food is not something I would eat often but it is SO good.”

“I told you and you have to save room for the banana pudding,” Em smiled. The four men talked and nibbled the next hour.  Then James and Brian took a walk to pick up a bottle of whiskey.

“Em, how are you doing, really?” Justin smiled and dropped down next to his friend. 

“I’m alright.” Emmett wrapped his arms around Justin. “It was so nice having time with her. I knew she loved me but I’m glad she knows I knew.  I knew you would be willing to help Nate.”

“Of course we are. We have plenty of space and there is always work to do. And you know Ronni can always mother another boy.”

Em laid his head in Justin’s lap and Justin combed his fingers through Em’s hair. “It may not make sense but I will miss her so much.” Emmett started crying softly and Justin wrapped his arms around him and that’s where Brian and James found them.  

Justin immediately locked eyes with Brian.  “Ya, ya, he gets a pass but I am ready to go to bed. We were up early.”

“That sounds like a good idea,” Justin said.  “Tomorrow is a free day, right? If you want the day alone that is absolutely fine.  If you want us to do some things with you, let us know.”

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin from behind, “Ya, what he said.” Brian’s mouth found its way to the crook of his neck.

“Ummm, that feels….time to go to bed.”  

Em rushed over and grabbed a container of the banana cream pudding.  I have a feeling you will figure out something to do with this at some point tonight.  I know I have plans with our container.”

“Now that is a very good idea,” Brian said as he grabbed the dessert and pushed Justin out the door.

Brian pinned Justin against the door to their suite, kissing him as he fumbled to get into their room. Soon the door popped open behind them and they nearly ended up on the floor. Brian grasped at Justin saving him from falling backward and after tossing the container of pudding on the table, he pulled Justin close.  All of the sudden Brian was starving, not for food but for every inch of his husband. It wasn’t long before both of the men were naked. The men made a nest of blankets on the rug before the fireplace. Justin made sure he grabbed the container along with a couple spoons.  They were both very involved. Brian pinned Justin under him as his hand slid down Justin’s cock but it was only a few strokes before Justin flipped and was then sitting across Brian’s hips and in some miracle move, managed to grab a handful pudding and smeared it down Brian’s chest. 

Justin slid his hands up Brian’s arm, leaving a trail of pudding up the one under his sticky hand. He then began dipping his head, dragging his tongue through the pudding and then moved his mouth up to Brian’s, sharing some of the cool cream in his mouth and then went back for more. Soon Brian was arching as Justin’s mouth kept busy moving from his nipples to his navel.  Then there was again a great motion,  Brian flipped Justin off him and now it was his turn to play with the pudding. It was his turn to paint with his fingers. It didn’t take long and his mouth traveled up and down the compact body below him. Brian took Justin’s cock in his mouth.  He took his time but after all the physical touching Justin soon gave Brian an offering.  He shouted loudly as he exploded and then it was only moment’s later when Justin’s legs were draped over Brian’s shoulders and Brian moved into Justin with little hesitation, he moved slowly, wanting to make it last as long as he could but he knew he could resist this man for only a few minutes, and with that, he collapsed on top of Justin in exhaustion.


 Later, as they stood under streaming water, Justin ran soap down Brian’s back.  Brian let himself slump against the shower wall, “Are you alright, Bri? Let’s get out…” Brian turned around and pulled Justin against him. Justin’s arms linked around his waist. “What is it, love?”

Brian kissed him, “I am not sure. It’s not like me to feel…”

“It is just like you to feel for your friends when they are hurting.”

“It just is so fucking stupid that Emmett and his mom obviously loved each other so much but they let others keep them apart.  Hell, I wish he could have every minute with his mom that I had to endure mine.”

“And you can’t imagine leaving either of our boys for any reason and they will never doubt you are always there and will support them in whatever they do.”

“And I will always support their beautiful father.”  Justin turned away from Brian and, supporting himself on the glass wall, he stuck his ass out and Brian wrapped his arm around Justin's shoulders and they made love once more before drying each other off and sliding into bed for the night.


Emmett and James had enjoyed the pudding as much as Brian and Justin had. In the morning they were just out of bed when there was a knock on the door. James jumped up and slipped into a robe.  “Brian and Justin are up early.”  He unlocked the door and threw open the door. “We didn’t expect…”

There stood Bennett Honeycutt. “I want to talk to my son.” As he said it Emmett walked out of the bedroom in a bright red thong. 

“I’m right here,” he walked over and kissed James' cheek. “James, could you go grab me a robe please.”

“Sure, love.” James came back and slipped the robe over his shoulders. “I’ll go shower.  Want me to order some breakfast?”

“Let’s go out.” Em smiled at him.

“I love you, Em.” 

Em blew him a kiss as James shut the door.  “Can I get you a cup of coffee?” Em went over and started a cup for himself.

“No.” he responded sharply but then added, “I already had my cup for the morning.” 

Emmett motioned to a chair and Bennett sat down. Emmett sat down across from him. “How are you doing, Daddy?”

“Emmett, what are your plans?”

“My plans? I plan to go see my mama buried tomorrow and then go back to my life.”

“You aren’t going to turn her memorial into some fruity…”

“Daddy, you should know I would never do anything to disrespect her.  I loved her so much.  You know I missed out on all these years because she had made a commitment to honor and obey you, her husband.  I gave her that because Mama would never have disrespected you in any way.  Too bad you didn’t respect her as much as…”  Emmett stopped.  “And you are my father and I guess I can’t show you disrespect either. 

Bennett walked over to the window and looked out onto the street and Emmett walked up behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder.  “I’m sorry I will never be the man you wanted me to be.  I just can’t be someone I’m not.  But, Daddy, you will always be my daddy and, I can’t change for you but if you ever need anything you are welcome. Bennett mumbled something. “In fact, Daddy, we love for you to come to our wedding.  We don’t have an exact date yet but it will be sometime this spring so if you could come…”  Emmett hugged his father, “I love you, Daddy.”

Bennett looked at his son and opened his mouth but then shut it again before walking out of the room.  James came out of the bedroom and put his arms around Em.  He hadn’t heard the conversation but it was obvious what was included. “Are you alright, Em?”

“I’m ok.  Jamesy will you just hold me for a few minutes before we go to breakfast.”

“I would hold you the rest of your life if you want me to.”

“I want you to. Oh, I want you to.”

They ended up spending the day inside the room.  James told Brian and Justin about Bennett’s visit and Brian and Justin decided to take a little side trip for the day so James and Emmett could have time, just the two of them.  

Brian and Justin found a lovely small park and they called the boys.  Soon they were walking around and showing Gus pictures of the playground and soon they were going down slides and  Justin swang while Brian captured it for Gus.  Gus giggled and made his daddies promise to take him to a park the first nice day they had in Pittsburgh.  They let him know how much they missed them and that they would be home in two sleeps.

“Damn but I miss them,” Brian said and then he noticed Justin’s eyes, “Ah, Sunshine, only a couple more days and we will have our boys back in our arms.”

“I know, Bri.  I just can’t believe how much it hurts to be away from them.”

“Well, I think the break was good for us but, I agree.  I don’t want to be gone this long for a long time. What do you say we go back to the hotel and make good use of the time alone.”

“I like the sound of that!  Brian, I love you.”

“I love you, too, Sunshine.”


Chapter 3 by Simply written

The day of the memorial, Brian and Justin both wore dark suits with white button downs while Emmett and James wore brownish gray suits that accentuated both of their coloring.  The four men walked together to the small, white clapboard church. Justin stopped and reached for Emmett’s hand,  “James, I’m going to borrow him for just a moment.” He led Emmett a few steps away. “Are you ready for this, Em?”


Emmett smiled at his young friend. “I am good, Justin.  I am actually feeling very peaceful.  This place,” he looked at the church, has always been a safe place for me.  I could always slip into this building and the sanctuary was cool and quiet.  And now it is time for Mama to go on. I’m just glad she is now always going to have an eye on me.”


“Emmett, we need to go.  We don’t want your family to change their mind.” James slipped an arm around Emmett’s waist.  


“We will see you inside,” Justin said as Brian’s arm went around his waist.


“Is he alright?”


“He is.  He is actually at peace.” Justin kissed Brian’s cheek, “We better get inside.  I hope you aren’t mad but I changed our flight so we can leave on the afternoon flight.  I need to see our boys.”  


At the top of the steps of the small church, Brian pulled Justin close and kissed him long and hard. “ I love you.”  With that the two men walked into the small sanctuary.

 

Justin held on to Brian’s arm as they sat in the airplane.  “I’m glad that Em and James stayed tonight.  I know Em wanted to be there for Nathan as he packed and the family threw him a going away party. “


“We are going to move him into the pool house, right?”


“Ya, I already contacted Tracy and asked her to have the cleaning company have the place thoroughly cleaned.”


“Did you let Ronni know we will be there tonight?”


“Ya, I made sure we had made it to the gate and then texted her when you grabbed the drinks for us.”


“Gus is never going to go to sleep tonight.” Brian smiled thinking about their oldest son.


“Nothing personal, darling, but I hope he is snuggling my neck tonight.”


“Well, if he is, does that mean I can’t be snuggling…”


“He is far too old for you to be doing that at this point.” 


“Calm down, Sunshine, we have years to love each other and we both know it won’t be long before Gus won’t want to sleep with us.”


“You know our baby is getting close to a year old. What are we going to do for his birthday?”


“How about we find his grandfather and then throw a big party? Have you heard anything from Tom?”


“There is an email in my box that I haven’t read yet.  I didn’t want to be distracted.  But I have to admit,  after seeing how Emmett’s mother responded to him, if I can just build a relationship of some kind with him, I want to. But I am going to be so busy the next few weeks”


“Well, then, I am going to take this on. Will you let me do that?”


“But you are already so busy with the boys and you are spending time at the hospital with Anna Claire and the Art Department there.”


“Well, I plan to keep working there but, thanks to some of your clients, they are hiring a Art Director soon and I will still be there to consult and go a couple times a month.”


“Do you ever miss being a kid?” Brian asked seriously.


“A kid? I’m not a kid anymore.”


“You haven’t been a kid since your father stole your childhood. Although, you weren’t much of a child then but you would have lived those years differently.”


“If he hadn’t done that we wouldn’t have Aaron.  I would never change that, plus, as you said, being a kid just never excited  me too much.”


“What does excite you?”

 

“Find us a blanket and I will show you exactly what…” Before Justin could finish the comment Brian was pushing the button to get the attendant’s attention.

 

An hour later Brian and Justin were napping after both of them had cum quietly enough that no one around them even noticed.  The only person that noticed was the attendant that brought them the blanket and he was just glad he had the perfect advantage to watch the two gorgeous men give each other a hand job with more expertise than he had ever seen.


 


James and Emmett had gone to the hotel and gotten out of their suits and then took a nap.  Emmett was surprised when, mid afternoon, the phone rang.  “Hello,” Emmett answered


“Emmett, it’s Katie.”


“Katie, I didn’t know I’d hear from you.”


 “Emmett, we are going to Mom’s bbq place for Nate’s goodbye party tonight.  I just wanted to make sure you were coming.”


“Nathan invited us. We won’t stay long if that will ruin the party.”


“Emmy, we, I….I want you to come.  I am so glad you are going to help Nate out.  You never had anyone to go to.  I don’t know how it got like this.  I mean, Em, I can’t talk for the whole family, especially Daddy and Nate, Sr. but I don’t want to lose touch with you Em.  I miss my brother.”


“Oh, Katie, I….” James wrapped his arms around Em, not knowing what Katie had said. “I love you, too, Katie.  We will see you at dinner.”

 

“Oh, James….” He held onto James.  “Things are going to be so much better. I think I will have my family again, at least a lot more than I have had in years.”

Brian had to smile at the excitement on Justin’s face.    He sat staring out the window and as they pulled into the drive, Brian was almost worried he would need to hold onto him or he wouldn’t wait for the car to stop moving but as the car pulled to a stop, Brian was already out of the car when the driver was opening up the trunk.  Brian threw the guy a couple hundred dollar bills and said, “Leave them on the step.” Justin had the door open.


The men stood there as they heard Ronni say, “Well, you’re the man of the house tonight.  You better go see who it is?”


“But Ronni aren’t you worried it might be a bad person?”


“I promise it isn’t.”


“Who is it?”


“Boy, if you don’t move I know somebody is going to explode.”


Brian and Justin heard the little feet coming toward them and then everything was a blur of dark curls and swinging limbs until he was in Brian’s arms and Justin had his arms around both of them for a second until Ronni passed Aaron to Justin.  Everyone was kissing and hugging.


“Oh, my daddies are home!”


Somehow they all ended up sitting on the rug in the entry. Aaron was smiling from ear to ear while Gus couldn’t stop talking and kissing his dads. Finally they all got off the floor and Justin scooped up Gus while Aaron started telling Brian a long, in depth story about Rara and babba and dadda.


“They are fed. I’ll hold back a couple plates and straighten up the kitchen.  I would say a bath  for the boys would be perfect.” Ronni smiled and went to the kitchen.


“Daddy J can we take a bath in your big tub.”


“I think Aaron would love to take a bath in our big tub but you do need to relax a bit.  We will both sit by the tub but you have to calm down or your brother won’t sit still.”


Gus quickly pulled off his clothes and he went up the steps into the tub.  By the time Gus added the bubbles, Brian lowered Aaron into the tub so the boys were facing each other.


There was lots of splashing and giggles.  They made bubble beards and hairdos and by the time they were both clean, thirty minutes later, Brian and Justin were almost as wet as their sons. While Justin put Aaron into bed after a couple extra kisses, hugs, and stories, Brian got Gus ready for bed.  It was almost an hour later than his normal time and, as expected, by the time Justin came to the bedrooms with the plates Ronni had set aside for them, Gus was sound asleep in the middle of their big bed.  


As Brian and Justin sat in front of the blazing fire, eating meatloaf and mashed potatoes, they murmured as they ate the homy comfort food. “I love my life.” Justin kissed Brian’s cheek and then licked off a spot of gravy he had left behind.


“Who would have believed, five years ago, that my favorite place in this world would be home with my boys.”

 

“Well, Bri, when you say it that way, most everyone would believe that.”

 

Brian laughed and kissed him, “That would never be a tenth as good as this.” They finished eating and set their plates on the end table.  “Come here, Sunshine.” Brian pulled Justin onto his lap. “Are you sure you have the time to work with the PI? They are ready to go if we give them the word.”


“As long as I don’t have to be away from you and the boys, this will be my main job until we find your father.”  


“Sunshine, what would I do without you? I am guessing we will have a wedding coming up soon.  Just promise you won’t stretch yourself too much.  Having everyone happy and you too worn out to enjoy anything…”


“I promise, I won’t.”


“It seems to me you cancelled a neurology appointment to take this trip.  Make sure you reschedule it, ok?”


“I will, Brian.  I promise. Now, can we go snuggle that amazing little boy.”


 


By the time Emmett got in bed with James that night, he was exhausted but felt lighter somehow. James held him against him.  “Do you know how amazing you are, Emmy? I like that name for you.  It reminds me of your kindness and gentleness but still a strength somehow. You don’t mind it, do you?”


“I hated it as a child.”  He felt James stiffen but before James could apologize he put his lips against his. “But I think I have just changed my mind. I always heard mocking in the tone of children but now, tonight, I heard only love.  I don’t think my family ever knew what to do with me but I think my nephew has taught them what I could never get through to them.”

 

“Oh, Love, it isn’t that he figured something out you didn’t. It is a different time.  I think you are the one that paved the way for him.  Tomorrow you and he are both starting a new life of sorts and I am just glad I am going to be part of it all.” 

 


The sun was barely up when Nate knocked on the hotel door and soon they were on the way to the airport. Nate’s mom drove them and there were a few tears as Nate said goodbye to his mom and Emmett reassured her she was welcome any time and there would always be room for her.  With that there was one more hug and the three men got in line for TSA.


“Uncle Emmy, do…”


“Nate, my boy,” Em said to his nephew, “I don’t care if you call me uncle or not, and I don’t care whether you call me Em or Emmett, but please don’t call me Emmy.  That name is only saved for one person now.” He leaned over and kissed James.


“I will do my best.  Are you sure I shouldn’t have driven? I mean, I am going to need a vehicle.  You said you live out of the city.”


“Nate, are you always this high strung?”


“It’s just….”


“There are plenty of vehicles at Britan that, until you get one bought, you will be able to find something to drive.”


“Is the house as big as it sounds? I’m actually going to live in a pool house?” Nate couldn’t seem to stop talking.


Em put a hand on his knee.  “Nate, why don’t you take a nap.  Read a book.  Listen to….”


“I get it, Emmett.  I’ll shut up.  I talk a lot when I am nervous.” 


“Dear nephew, you have already met Brian.  Once you make it past my mother in law it will be smooth sailing.”


“When is the wedding?” Nate asked as James pulled Emmett close to him.


James kissed Em’s temple. “I was looking at dates last night.  How about May 1, Em? It should be warm enough by that time and it is a bit of a holiday in my heritage. Plus, it is a Saturday.”


“Oh, James, REALLY?”


“Oh, yes.” With that Em and James started making plans and Nathan put on headphones and started dreaming about living in the pool house and started wondering what the pool boy looked like.

 

Brian and Justin gave Ronni time off so she could have one on one time with Dante.  She wasn’t going away because she wanted to be around for Em and James.  And she wanted to be here to get to know this Nathan.  She knew she might be working with him and he might be helping with her baby angels and she would be keeping an eye on him until she was sure he was up to the job.

 

Brian and Justin took the boys on an adventure.  They had several places to stop, including Daddy’s office, and then would finish the day with an early dinner at Jennifer’s house and Molly would come back home with them.  Jennifer had plans with Tucker the next day and Molly could help with the boys and catch up with her brother.  


 


It was about 4:00 p.m. when the town car pulled into the estate. “Holy shit!” Nate whispered.  “This is where you live?”  


“Well, that’s where Brian and Justin live.” The car went around toward Em and James’ house. As they went toward their house they pointed  toward the fence. “Your place is on the other side but we will help with your stuff after we stop at our place,” Em said as the driver pulled up to their house. As soon as the bags were pulled out of the car the driver moved on and the three men grabbed their bags and put them in the house. Emmett and James showed Nathan around their home and then each of them grabbed one of Nate’s bags and they walked quickly toward the pool.  By the time they got to the gate and they showed him the code, Nate was shivering.


“Damn is it always this cold here?”


“No, sometimes it’s colder,” James said. “But we seem to find a way to keep it hot.”


“Can you help me find a ….” Nate stopped talking as he noticed the beautiful pool in front of him.  “I’m staying there?” 


James opened the door to the house and they rushed in.  The place was warm and to everybody’s surprise Ronni and Dante were there to greet them.  Ronni walked over and pulled Emmett into her arms.  “Come here, son.” Ronni and Em had a special moment.


Em kissed her and then brought his mouth to her ear and said, “She loved me. My mama told me she loved me.” 


“Of course she did, Em.  No one as sweet as you could have been raised by a mama that didn’t love him.” Ronni gave him one more hug and then stepped back, “And who is this young man and why doesn’t he have a warm coat on?”


“Mom,” James hugged her, “this is Nathan and yes, we need to take him shopping for some winter clothes.”


“Well, Nathan, welcome to the family and I am sure Justin has some things that will fit him.  They look close to the same size.”


“That is a great idea.” Em said. Dante hugged Em and gave his condolences as James gave Nate the tour.  


“It isn’t big but…” Em started to say.


“Uncle Emmett, this place is amazing. It is warm and look at that view.”


“We will leave you alone.  I will go dig through Justin’s  closet.  That boy has so much clothes he will never miss it until he sees it on you. Nathan, I am glad to have you here.  Let’s have a big brunch tomorrow. If you want to help, come over around 8:00.  If not, sleep in and we will eat at 10:00.” With that Dante and Ronni moved out of the pool house. 


“Nate, would you like to unpack or would you like to go see the main house?”


“Do you always just wander in and out of that place?”


“If they have something going on, they will let you know but otherwise the downstairs is really everyone’s area.  We don’t go upstairs very often unless we are helping take care of the boys so if you are game to help them out with the kids, you will be up there more often.” Em smiled at his nephew.  “Are you all right? All of this kind of happened at once.”


The three men all sat on the sofa Em pulled his nephew close. For the first time Nate let himself just relax.  “Uncle Em, I know it was much worse for you but I know I will miss Mom, and even  Dad, but I just wanted a new start.  I have so many things I want to do.  I can’t wait to work with you, Em, but I do want to work.  I won’t let you pay my way.”


“You are right there, Nate. If you are willing to work, you will get paid and be able to make a living.  I am sure of that. Now, how about we show you the main house and you can see the kitchen we get to cook in.”


Nate had never been in a house like this before.  Sure, in culinary school he had worked in some beautiful places but this house had a warmth they had never had.  He was looking at a portrait of Brian, Justin, and their boys on the wall in the large kitchen and family area.  He stood there a long time just staring.  James walked over and looped his arm around his shoulders, “They are beautiful aren’t they.” James noticed a tear in his eye.  “What is it, Nate?”


“I just didn’t think that kind of life was actually possible for me. I don’t mean the mansion and pool.  I mean a real family.”


“I hope in the next year or two Em and I can have a family.  We know we want kids.”


“You two will be amazing.”


“And what are you two talking about?” Em squeezed between the two and kissed each of their cheeks.

 

“We were talking about our kids,” James said.

 

“Oh, do you know how much I love the sound of that!” Em hugged James.


“I hope we can start looking as soon as the wedding is over.”


“That’s funny,” Em held on to James, “I want to start working on the pregnancy.” He grabbed James’ hips and thrust his own at him.


Nate started laughing but then Ronni’s voice came from the kitchen area, “Emmett Honeycutt, I do not need to see you doing that to my son.”


“Oh, Mom, from the look on Dante’s face this morning….”  Ronni threw him a look telling Em not to push his luck. All five of them started laughing at the same time.The rest of the day they all did their own thing.  The couples spent time on their own while Nate started unpacking.  He brought a garment bag into the small second bedroom/office.  It was set up with a sofa bed and a small desk. Nate hung the bag of clothes up on the door of the closet and then unzipped it.  He reached in and pulled out the first garment. He shook it out and hung the jade green gown in the closet. When he had finished there were four more dresses hanging next to the green one. There was a sapphire blue, a berry red, a stunning black sheath, and finally a rainbow colored one that  still needed to be finished.  He had been so involved he hadn’t heard James and Emmett walk in.


“Now this is a side of you I haven’t seen.” Em walked over to the closet and looked at the gowns closer while James set down a couple duffle bags full of Justin’s clothes.  “These are really well made. Are they your work?”


“Yes, I have done a couple drag shows and have been adding to my collection but they are expensive and where I was living I didn’t have a lot of options.”


“Well, there are always a show or two going on around here.”


“I used to work as a bouncer at a couple places that throw shows every so often. When you get settled I can help you connect with a couple people that might be helpful.” James smiled as Em hugged his arm.


“You would really do that for me?”


“Nate, come over to the house around 6:00.  You can help me make dinner and I can show you something you might have use for.”


 


James had gone out to do some estate work while Emmett and Nathan, now wearing a heavy sweater, started dinner. He was very impressed with Nathan’s cooking skills.  As they slipped a dish into the oven they had about 15 minutes free so Emmett led him upstairs to one of the spare rooms.  He opened the closet door and Nate’s jaw dropped. Em had at least half a dozen gowns hanging in there.


“Uncle Em, you do drag?”


“Well, I’ll admit I have played a few times but I rather watch. These belonged to a friend, Godiva. She passed away from AIDS a couple years ago.  I think you are a bit smaller than she was, at least you are not as tall. But she would be thrilled to know my nephew would be using them.”


Nate noticed a case in the corner, “Oh, please tell me that is a sewing machine.”


“It is and it is all yours. And if you prefer to use this room as a workspace you are welcome.”


“I actually would prefer to have it at my place.  I kind of work when the spirit moves me.”


“Well, we will get it to your place. But now, I think I just heard Jamesy and we have some things to deal with in the kitchen.”


“Uncle Emmy, thank you.” Nathan hugged him close. “My head is buzzing.”


“And that’s without the wine. It is so good to have family around.”


 


It was about 10:00 p.m. when Nate walked back to his place.  He was much warmer now with Justin’s sweater and jacket.  He started to walk to his place but realized he had planned to grab some toilet paper at Em’s and he hadn’t. There was light on at the main house so he moved to the door and knocked.  He saw a teenage girl walking around in pink pajamas and pink fluffy slippers.  She startled a bit and although he couldn’t hear her she called out for someone but she still moved to the door and opened it.  “Hi? Are you Nate?” she said hesitantly.


“Yes, I am.  You are too young to be Tracy.”


“I’m Justin’s sister, Molly.” 


“Hey, Nate.” Justin walked over. “Did you meet Nathan? Why are you letting a stranger in at night?” Justin looked at his sister and hugged her.


“Well, I knew someone moved in.  He was inside the gate so he probably had the code, and he looked cool.”


“Molly,  that is really risk….”


“You showed me pictures on your phone! Nice to meet you.  I have a show starting.” And with that Molly headed upstairs.


“Sorry to bother you, Justin, I was supposed to pick up toilet paper and forgot.”


“I wondered why it was sitting there.” Justin looked at Nate’s shirt.”You have good taste.  I have a sweater just like…”


“This is yours.  Ronni said you wouldn’t mind.  We don’t have weather this cold.”


“That is not a problem.  You’re welcome to dig.  Brian loves clothes and he is always ordering me stuff.”

 

“Thank you.  Your home is so beautiful.  I can’t wait to meet your kids.”


“I missed them so much. We really needed some time alone but now it was time for family.”


“Well, I am going to bed.  I will see you for Brunch at 10:00.”


“Good night, Nathan.”


“Good night, Justin. Thanks for everything.”


“You are welcome here. If the zoo is closed we will let you know.”


“Nate, I know Brian is a little intense but I think you got a look at his heart while we were in Mississippi. Please if you have a real issue with him, let me know.”

 

“Thanks, Justin.  See you in the morning.”

 

 

Nathan walked to the house at 8:00.  He moved quickly as there was some snow fluttering down but he did see the beauty in the day. He rushed into the house to find Tracy.  They had met in passing the day before. “I thought Ronni was making brunch.”

 

 

“I told her I would take care of it.  Dante stayed over and Mark had to go home last night. This family is one of the most amazing group of people I have ever met.  If you are good to them, they will do anything for you.”

 

“I can see that.  So give me something to do.  Let’s show them what we can do.”

 

Within the hour, more people were milling around the kitchen. 

 

Brian came down with a small blond boy.  He had to be related to Justin although it was obvious Brian was his daddy, too. “This must be Aaron.”

 

“Blah ma daa num num.”

 

“Well, Aaron, I would say you are ready for breakfast.”


Tracy took him from Brian and put him in his chair.  I will get him some breakfast.  He isn’t going to be happy if he has to wait another hour.  As she gave him some food, Justin’s voice, along with a child came from upstairs, “Daddy J, is Nate here? Do I get to meet him now?”


“Well, Gus, I think I heard his voice and if I didn’t he will be here soon.” Rapid small feet came down the steps and then a head full of tousled curls flew into the kitchen and came to a halt in front of Nate.


Gus stood there staring at him. Nate squatted down so he was eye level with Gus.  “Hello, Gus, I’m Nate, nice to meet you.” He offered Gus his hand and Gus stood a little straighter as he shook his hand.


“Are you related to Uncle Em?”


“I am. Are you going to wait for breakfast with everyone or would you like something to eat now?”


“Could I have some fruit for now?”


“That sounds like a great idea.  Is there any fruit you don’t like?”


“I don’t like those big oranges.  I know they are grapefruits but that doesn’t make sense. Grapes are little round balls you don’t have to peel.”


Soon Gus was eating next to Aaron and Nate finally gave up and sat next to them answering all his questions.


“Nate, look back here.” Brian pointed to Gus’ back.  “You see this spot right here?” he tapped a spot.  “That is Gus’ off switch.  If you tap that spot he has to quit talking for a bit.”


“Dad!” Gus moaned. “That’s not…”


“If Nate turns off your switch, you have to give him a little break.”


“Ok, sorry, Nate.”


“I better go help get the food ready for everyone.  We can talk later.”


The counter was covered with food and people filled their plates and then would go back for more. Ronni and Dante had joined them along with Molly. It was obvious that these people really enjoyed each other. They loved each other just the way they were.

 

The next several days were very active.  Both boys loved Nate and Ronni said he was well aware of how  to watch out for and take care of small children so by the end of the week Tracy had moved in with Mark and Ronni and Dante had made her room into a sitting room for them.


Justin spent a couple days at the hospital where Anna Claire had lived since Brian’s birth. He was helping with the art program as well as she told Justin a few things that she would just remember from time to time. Justin had an appointment set up with the PI Brian had hired which means he needed to drive into the city. 


“Nate, why don’t you plan on coming with me to the city and then we can do a little shopping for you and the boys and then have lunch with the kids.  I want to get to know you a little better.”


“I would love that.  It will help me start learning the city, too.”


The appointment only lasted a short time.  Justin shared the information he received last week and shared Father Dan’s information and Dan was expecting to talk to him once the PI had a chance to look into it. Justin and Nate found some summer clothes for the boys. Then they went to Nathan’s department.  It wasn’t long before Justin had him in a leather jacket. It was very high quality with a name anyone would want to wear.  Nate looked at the price tag and nearly dropped Aaron. “Justin, I can’t afford a jacket like that.”


“It is more than 60% off and you will wear it for years. It is perfect for you. Call this a signing bonus for helping with the boys.  Grab some shirts and pants, too.    This stuff lasts forever and buying it at the end of the season is saving a tone.”


They walked out with their arms full of bags and once they managed to put everything in the back of the SUV, they drove to a nearby fast food place and sat down and ate. Gus played in the playground area after eating and Aaron fell asleep on Justin’s  lap. Nate had heard the basics of his story but as Aaron drifted off and eventually Gus came and laid on the bench next to Nate, Nate heard  about his hateful father.”


“And I thought my dad was bad. He is really a decent guy but he can’t get over it. Same with Grandpa.  With Grandma gone now, I think Em could really use a relationship.”


“Well, he knows he has us, too.  And James loves him with his whole heart.”


“I’m glad you’re here, Nathan.  I will enjoy having a guy my age around.  Shall we head out back out to Britan?” 


Nathan picked up Gus and Justin put Aaron over his shoulder and they got back into the SUV to go home. On the way home Nathan talked about his drag show and his character.  “I really give you a lot of credit.  I just don’t know if I could be someone else.”


“Well, we each have skills.  I have seen your painting.  You have more skills than you realize.”


“It took me a while after the beating but thanks to Brian, I regained my skills and my confidence.”


“You were so young when you hooked up with Brian. Do you ever wonder if you should have explored a little bit?”


“I was in love with him the first night. He can drive me totally insane but I couldn’t live without him and the boys. And Aaron? He is my son but biologically he is my brother.”


“That is pretty amazing.  Do you think you will have anymore?”


“After Aaron was born, I couldn’t imagine having more but now….”


“If I had kids that cute I think I’d have a mess of them.”


“I think once we find Kevin I will talk to him about it.”


 


Justin passed the kids onto Ronni and they all went their own way.  


 


Brian was spending long days away from the house.  He even spent a couple nights at the loft when he had a dinner meeting and then breakfast.  By Friday night, Brian came home but was too tired to do anything.  He went to put Gus to bed and an hour later he found Brian sound asleep next to his son. Justin sighed and walked back to the kitchen. He saw Nate in the pool house and invited him over for a drink.  He made a batch of homemade popcorn and grabbed a bottle of whiskey and the two men sat on the sofa and watched a movie. Soon they were sound asleep.

 

“What the fuck is going on here? I don’t find my husband in our bed but I find him sleeping with ….”


“Brian Kinney, don’t even think about going there.” Nathan was slipping on his shoes  and moving to the back door.


“You can just throw your shit in a bag and get the first flight…”


“Brian, Nate is not going anywhere.” Justin turned toward him, “I’ll talk to you later.  Sorry for the 5:00 a.m. wakeup call.  Brian go to our room before you wake up Ronni and Dante.’  Justin pointed to the steps. Brian started to open his mouth but then shut it and took the steps two at a time.


Justin closed the door behind him and walked through to the bathroom.  He washed up and was rubbing lotion into his arms when he moved to the bed and got into it.  “Do you want to explain what you were doing with the country bumpkin?”


“I’ll go finish the night with Gus if you don’t want to be a normal human being?”  I only called Nate over when I found you sound asleep with Gus at 9:00. I didn’t wake you because I knew you were exhausted.” Justin turned to face him. He extended his hand and traced Brian’s jawline. He leaned over and gently bit Brian’s chin. Justin tugged off Brian’s shirt and as he worked his way across Brian’s chest he said, “I had been looking forward to making love to you but your rest was more important.” As Justin’s hand slipped into Brian’s briefs he said, “You owe Nathan an apology.”


“I found you sleeping….”


“Yes, you found me SLEEPING!  So you will apologize,” Justin slipped the briefs off and took Brian in his mouth and Brian sighed.  He pulled Justin up to his mouth and kissed him.  “I’m sorry, you’re right.” Brian quickly positioned Justin and let his tongue trail down Justin’s spine and then when he reached the valley Justin’s anticipation brought him to the edge and as Brian plunged in Justin had forgiven Brian’s bad behavior.”


Brian joined with Justin and soon they were moving faster and harder. As soon as Brian filled Justin, Brian pulled Justin close.  “I was just so tired and I didn’t know where you were and…”


“Brian, just kiss me and let’s get some sleep.  Ronni is going to take the boys first thing so we can spend a little extra time…”


Before Justin finished the sentence, Brian was sound asleep.  

 

Justin pulled Brian’s head to his chest and he softly said, “You crazy man. You are the only one I will ever love.”

 

Chapter 4 by Simply written

Chapter 4


Justin lay in Brian’s arms.  They had woken up early and had made love several times.  Justin had to admit he was a bit sore but every little pain was worth it.  “Brian, why don’t I go fill the tub with water and you text Nathan.”  He felt Brian tense a bit. “Darling, what do I need to do to prove you are the only man I love.  No one else can give half of what you give me, and I don’t mean sex or money.” Justin kissed him and slipped out of bed.  He had a bit of a limp as he walked to the bathroom. He couldn’t wait to sink into the scented water.

Brian watched Justin as he walked away.  He figured he would be hurting a bit after the acrobatics they had done this morning.  He knew he had overreacted but Justin belonged to him and… He picked up his phone. He texted…. ‘I overreacted. Don’t do it again.’  He knew that probably would not be enough for Justin, but that was all he was getting.

Brian got out of bed and followed Justin’s steps. Justin sat in the water with his head rested against the high backed tub.  He kissed Justin’s upturned lips and Justin’s arms moved around his neck. “Join me, love.” Justin offered one of his hands and Brian took it to step into the tub. Soon they had gotten into a comfortable position in the large tub. “Brian, you aren’t really worried about Nate are you?”

“Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? You are the most gorgeous person in the world. Sunshine, everyone who sees you is attracted to you!”

“You know I could say exactly the same.  Every meeting you have, I picture the client trying to get you into bed but I trust you.  You saved me.  I owe you my life but that’s not why I stay with you.  I stay with you because you and the boys are my life.”

“Damn, I’m sorry.  I don’t know why I do that shit.”

“You do it because you love me.”

“I do.” Brian gently moved his hand between Justin’s legs and he slowly moved a finger inside of him. Justin cringed just a bit but within moments Brian was stroking his prostate at just the right speed and pressure for him to forget any discomfort, and only feel pleasure. It wasn’t long and Justin had cum several times and Brian finally stopped knowing Justin couldn’t take much more.  

Justin sighed and leaned against Brian trying to catch his breath. Brian kissed him gently and slowly Justin came back to earth.

“Daddy, Daddy J are you coming down soon?” Gus’ voice came over the intercom. 

“Yes, son, we are just getting out of the bathtub.  We will be down soon.”

“Ok, Nate made us breakfast. It’s really good.”  The intercom went dead.

Justin felt Brian tighten as he got up. As soon as he was standing on the floor, he turned around and Justin put his arms around Brian’s neck and he helped him out.  Justin slid his wet body against Brian’s. He brought his mouth to Bri’s ear and said, “I love you, darling.  Only you!” That was all it took for him to relax before they dried off and slipped on robes.  “Let’s go play with our boys.”

As they moved down the stairs the aroma of homemade baked goods wafted up to them.  “I think I smell cinnamon and maybe honey or brown sugar.” Brian sniffed deeply.  “And bacon, there is definitely bacon.”

“Daddies!” Gus and Aaron sat by the table.  “Come eat your breakfast. It is yummy! Nate is a great baker.” 

Nate sat plates of food on the table and then brought a carafe of coffee with two mugs.  He filled them and started walking away, still silent.

“Nate, this looks amazing. You didn’t need to do this.”

“Yes, I did.  I was on the schedule for breakfast today since Ronni had the boys.  Brian, I apologize for last night but I promise you, sir, I was there as a friend who enjoys watching movies and Justin was kind enough to invite me.”

Justin reached over and squeezed Brian’s hand, “He understands that, Nathan. Thanks for this.”

“I will be back in about half an hour and clean up but I will let you have a little family time.”

After Nate left, Justin looked at Brian, “He is a class act and this food is so good. He did seem a little nervous around you.  You did apologize didn’t you?”

“I did but…”

“You didn’t want to let him off easy? Oh, Bri…” Justin rolled his eyes and turned to give Aaron more fruit and cinnamon roll.


James and Emmett sat with Dante and Ronni at an upscale restaurant. They were celebrating.  They had set the wedding date and today they were settling on the food and working on the guest list.  They had about fifty friends they knew were automatic but it was harder to decide on family. James had very few relatives to invite.  Ronni had two sisters that would be there and they, of course, would invite Ronni’s mother but they were fairly sure she wouldn’t be able to come.  She was getting older and had had some health issues. Emmett and James had already said they would go visit her over the summer. That would raise the count to about 60 and of course then you add the Britin family including Molly, Jenn, Tuck, Nathan and of course Brian and Justin and the ring bearers.  

Ronni reached over to Emmett’s hand, “Emmett, love, I know this part isn’t easy for you.  You are inviting them all, aren’t you? Your brothers and sisters and their spouses. And of course you are inviting your father.”

“Ronni, it doesn’t pay. He will never come and if nothing else he will say it will cost too much.”

“Well, he cannot use that excuse.” Dante said, “I have reserved a floor of one of my hotels.  And Brian and I have a mutual friend that is letting us use his plane so there will be no cost for them to fly here or stay here.”

“That is too much. I can’t let you do that. That’s too much.”

“No, Em, it is not too much.  You are the first person ready to help no matter what.”  

They talked a little while longer as they finished their meal and Em and James headed back to Britin.  

Emmett and James spent the rest of the day quietly, just the two of them.  As the day moved on, James noticed Em was very quiet. James went out and did his late afternoon rounds before heading in for the night.  There was a cold sleet starting to fall so James rushed looking forward to curling up on the sofa with Em, some buttered rum, and a bowl of popcorn, watching a movie. But when he arrived back at the house he was sure he saw Emmett wipe his eyes. James made the popcorn and some hot buttered rum and then he brought the tray and sat it on the coffee table before wrapping a blanket around the two of them.  James had learned soon after falling in love with Emmett that it was best to wait him out when he was thoughtful like this. He handed a drink to Em and he sipped it and when he had drunk about half of it James softly said, “You want to tell me what is going on with you?” He kissed his temple and then went silent giving him time to pull his thoughts together.

“James, what if no one wants to come, not even if it won’t cost them anything? What if my family, my daddy just don’t want to come? I don’t know if I could take it.”

“Oh, Em, my love,” James pulled Em close and kissed the tears away. “I can’t be sure but I think they will come.  Nate’s mom has been talking to him about coming to visit and when we left they were all very kind.”

“But what if they fly down there and not one of them wants to come….” Em rested against James’ chest.  James picked up the bowl of popcorn and gently offered it to Emmett who took it. “I love you, James Augustin.  I love you so much.”  He gave him a weak smile and took a kernel of popcorn and popped it in James’ mouth.

Emmett alternated between corn for himself and then for James. James slid one leg behind Em and Em sank against James’ broad chest and James wrapped his arms tightly around Em’s trim body. James started to kiss Em’s neck and in between he purred into his ear, “I love you Emmett Honeycutt.” Nibble on his earlobe. “I will always be here.” A lick below his earlobe. “I want to make love to you, Emmy.”

Emmett shivered as James lowered Em’s zipper and slid his hand in, “Damn, I love when you go commando.”  James stood and scooped Em off the sofa and threw all 6 foot plus over his shoulder and carried him into the bedroom.  James laid him down on the bed and immediately pulled Em’s shirt off and then his pants.  Em reached for James but James slapped his hand.  “Oh, no, Em Augustin!  I love the sound of that. Lay there.  Don’t move an inch.” James went into the closet and a few minutes later he came out with a small carry on bag.  The first thing he did was blindfold Emmett.  James had always been an amazing lover but he was much more timid than Em but tonight was going to be different.  

Next, he pulled out teal colored furry handcuffs.  This was a special pair.  It had three rings.  One was put on each wrist while the last ring clipped to the headboard but allowed Emmett to roll over or allowed James to turn him over.  

James reached into the bag and pulled out a feather and began to play.  The moment the feather slipped over Em’s nipple his cock was hard as a rock and after James played with the feather a little more, he gently began to lick Emmett and when James tasted the precum, he took Em deep into his throat and Em exploded. James moved up and kissed him as he slowly dragged his fingernails down Em’s sides making him shiver.

“Oh god, James. I need to touch you.”

“Sorry, darling, it isn’t going to happen.” James moved away and Emmett wasn’t sure where he was.

“Don’t leave.”

James moved back to the bed and this time he positioned Em’s ankles near his hips and before he felt it, he heard a buzz and then he felt first James’ finger and then he felt the vibrator slipped in. James moved it so it rested against Emmett’s prostate and he began to thrash almost immediately.  James took time to strip his clothes off and when he was naked he walked back over to Em.  

“Darling, I am going to turn you over.”  James calmly flipped him over and started positioning him a bit.  He was starting to have a lot of fun. He ran his hand over Emmett’s ass, adding a playful swat here and there hitting the vibrator in deeper.

By now James was in need himself. He slowly positioned himself and as he removed the stick he entered him, Emmett started trembling again and as James grabbed his hips and thrusted without thought faster and harder and then he collapsed as he spilled into him. 

As soon as he was able, he quickly undid the handcuffs and then the blindfold.  Emmett’s tearfilled eyes looked deep into James, “Oh Jamesy, what would I do without you.”

“You are never going to find out, Emmy.  Never.”


A half hour later Em began to run a finger across James’ chest and then let it slide below the belly button and followed the trail of hair downward.  “Thank you,” Emmett said softly.

“For reminding me that I don’t need anyone but you.  If I could never see another person, not that I would want that, but if I couldn’t, I know I would be happy with you.”

“Can I add a couple more people?” Em’s hand stopped moving and he looked a little hurt. James continued quickly, “Em, I know we haven’t talked about it much, but please tell me you will raise a couple kids with me.”

Emmett instantly had tears, “Oh, yes. Yes, yes, yes.  If I could I would have them for you.” He kissed James.

“Well, I don’t think we will be able to figure that one out but as soon as we get back from the honeymoon, we will figure out what we need to do.”

Emmett’s finger trailed back down and soon his mouth followed and then it was James’ turn to lose his composure.


When Brian went back to work on Monday, he was much more relaxed.  He had spent time playing with his boys and playing with Justin, which tended to fix most anything.  He knew he would be spending a good part of the week in the city and he hoped by the end of the week he would have this campaign wrapped up.  If it all went well, Justin was coming into the city to have dinner with Brian and his client and stay at the loft.  Molly and Jenn were going to have the boys overnight and then Saturday morning they would pick the boys up and go back to Britin.

Justin had big plans of his own.  He was meeting with Father Tom on Monday.  Their now good friend had taken some vacation time to help Justin look through files. “This just shouldn’t be this hard,” Justin stated.

“None of this would be this hard if...the church makes me so angry sometimes, the human part of it anyway.  When the big sex abuse scandal hit the city, someone in the diocese decided they should shredd half the local records!” Tom said as he and Justin were in a back file room. 

“So what year was Brian born?”  Justin told him.  “I think I have found the right section!” They split up the section and started at opposite ends of the row.  

“Damn, there are a lot of Irish priests named Kevin.” Justin grumbled.

“You getting hungry?” Tom asked Justin as it neared 1:00 p.m.

“I have about 10 more files to review.  Then, I need a break.”  Five minutes later he was putting the last folder into the back of the drawer.  As he attempted to slide it in the folder got caught on something.  “Tom, can you come here? You are taller than I am.  Can you see what this is sticking on?”

Tom could just reach around to the back and pull something out blindly. “Um, Justin? Do you see what I see?”  He handed him a rumpled folder.  Written by hand with a sharpie, the folder said, Cain, Kevin.  “I don’t know how well you know your Bible but does the name Cain ring a bell?”

“That is almost creepy.  He betrayed his brother.”

“He, actually, killed his brother.”

“Anna Claire died inside the day she found out about her sister and her fiance.”  Justin still couldn’t believe that Brian’s mother betrayed her own sister by having a one night stand with Anna’s fiance. The only thing he hoped now was that he could find Kevin Cain so Brian could meet his biological father. From the first time they found out about Kevin no one blamed him.  Every one knew how manipulative Joan was.  It had broken Kevin as well.  After he realized what he had done, knowing Anna would never be his again, he became a priest.  Maybe they would be able to ask him personally why he made that decision soon. “Can we take this with us to lunch?”

“Sure, it doesn’t look like there is much on there but hopefully it will give us a lead.  Just knowing the last name has to get us somewhere.” Tom said as he draped an arm around Justin’s shoulders and they walked out of the storage room. “Why do I get nervous touching you? I always look around wondering where Brian is. Justin laughed and as they walked he told Tom about falling asleep with Nate and Brian’s reaction. “Glad you didn’t need last rites for him. Do you ever get tired of Brian’s jealousy?”

“It is just silly and he knows it when he thinks it through but I know he does it because he loves me and, I can always show him how silly it is for him to ever think I would do something. I can’t even breathe if I haven’t seen him or at least talked to him every day.”

“You are blessed to have love like that.”

“Tom, do you ever regret your choice to be a priest?”

“I would be lying if I said I wouldn’t like to wake in the arms of someone I love every morning but I love my job, my calling.  I love my congregation.”

“Even the Joans you lead?”

“She helps me practice patience.”  They both laughed as they left the church.

“Tom, can we walk over to the Liberty Diner.  It has been a long time.  I am feeling a little sentimental for some reason.  Did you and Brian spend a lot of time there?”

“We did.  I worked here when I was still in high school.” Justin reached out and pulled the door open.

“SUNSHINE!”

Justin almost stepped back out when he saw Debbie running toward him but instead he met an excited Debbie with a hug and kiss. “I didn’t think you were working here anymore.”

“Well, I don’t work as many hours anymore but I need to do something. I don’t work nights anymore except in an emergency.  My nights are spent with Carl now. Enough about me, how is that pain in the ass you love so much and those amazingly beautiful boys of yours.”  Debbie waved for them to follow her.  “Father, how are you?”

“I am good, Debbie.  I am helping Justin with finding Bria…” Father Tom stopped and looked at Justin asking permission to continue.

“Debbie, we are searching for Brian’s biological father.  You didn’t know Joan back then, right?”

“No. I didn’t know her until the boys met.”

“We are all doing well.  The boys are both growing up way too fast.”

“And I hear Emmett’s nephew has moved in and the wedding plans?”

“Debbie, what do you have for a special today?”

“Tuna noodle casserole.  I’ll get you each a big helping.” Before they could argue she was gone.

“Do you like that or would you rather have a burger?”

“This may not look like Mom’s place but the specials are as close to it as I get very often.”

“When I first met Brian, I was young and restless and well, he threw me out of the loft so I stole his credit card and flew to New York.  By the time all was said and done, I owed him a lot of money and Debbie hired me to bus tables to pay Brian off and then I lived with her until Brian realized he couldn’t live without me,” Justin laughed.

“Someday I want to hear about the whole trip to New York,” Tom smiled.  “I bet he wasn’t all that mad when you went back to Pittsburgh.”

“No, but he was still pissed that a kid managed to do it.”  Debbie dropped the loaded plates off and then waved at them as she left with Carl. “Well, ready to look at this?” he held up the folder. “You look at it, please? I don’t know why I am nervous but I just don’t know what to expect. I have been a single daddy most of last week and will again this week which always means I am missing Brian.  If that folder tells us what we hope, maybe I can catch him for …”

“Don’t say it, please.  It has been a while since I caught anyone…”  Together they read through the small file as they ate the tasty lunch. “Well, it looks like Kevin Cain is definitely the right man. Look at this,” Tom handed the sheet over and Justin read it.  The time was right and at the bottom of the page it mentioned a broken engagement to Anna Claire due to health issues. “Here is one more item.” Tom handed over one more item.  It was a note card.

Justin read it outloud. “I pledge to spend the rest of my life trying to make up for my sin.  I hope I am doing the right thing.” Justin read it once more to himself.  “I wonder what he meant by that. I guess doing the right thing could be almost anything.  It looks like there might have been another card attached.” Justin pointed out the holes in one of the corners.

Tom looked through the folder once more, “It doesn’t appear to be in here.” Tom took the paper from Justin and tucked it into the folder. “Now, I am going to make a copy of this folder for you and how about I come out to your place about 9:00.  I can get into the church’s website and we will hopefully be able to track him down.”

“Are you sure? I can come back in and…”

“Justin, my office does not have trucks, blocks, or adorable blond toddlers.  And eventually the older one with the gorgeous curls.”

“They will love to see you and you can meet Em’s nephew. And anytime after 9:00 will be fine.”

“Now, go see if you and Brian can…”  Justin stood and kissed Tom’s cheek.  

“Thanks for all of this.  You are a good friend.”  Justin moved out quickly and after getting his car he drove over to Brian’s office.  When he got to Kinnetik he slipped in the back door and was thankful to catch Cynthia’s attention as she came out of a conference room.

“God, Justin, how did you know?”

“Know what? Is Brian hurt?”

“No, but the whole thing is going south.  The translator misunderstood something and he is now trying to correct his mistake.  Brian just went into his office with Ted and I am supposed to tell the client that they will reconvene in 30 minutes.”

“Go talk to the client.  I will go try to talk to Brian.”  Justin walked over to Brian’s office and walked in hearing a string of profanity followed by Ted’s inaudible response. When Justin had gotten in far enough to see Brian, Ted noticed him.  Justin held his finger to his lips and waved Ted out.  Ted blew him a kiss and quietly slipped out.  

Brian was just mumbling as he stared out the window sipping on whiskey. Justin slipped his arms under Brian’s and as he set his palms on Brian’s shirt front, Brian snapped out of it and shouted, “What the hell, Ted?”

“Hope you aren’t disappointed, darling.  I hear you are having a rough spot.” His hands moved down and undid Brian’s fly and then Justin slipped around in front of Brian and as he tugged down the trousers Justin took him into his mouth.  The musky taste of Brian’s cock told Justin Brian was really worked up.  As he took his balls in his mouth made Brian set down his glass and support himself on the wall in front of him. Justin used all his skills and very soon Brian was arching and shouting as cum came out from the very core of his body. He pulled Justin up and kissed him.

“How the hell did you know I…”

Justin pulled up Brian’s trousers and as they continued to kiss, Justin got his shirt tucked in and the pants zipped. Justin accepted Brian’s attention and said, “I just was going to stop by before going back home.  I didn’t know if I would even get to see you.  Able to focus now?”

“Sunshine, you are the only one who can get me to focus when I am…”

“I better be the only one who gets you to focus.”

“Damn, I love you. I hate to cum and go, but I just thought of something and I think this will get everything back on track.  Thank you!” He pulled Justin in for a earth shaking kiss before grabbing something off his desk and rushing out toward Cynthia’s office.


Nate made dinner for Justin and the boys and joined them.  “Nate, you make the bestest mac and cheese.” Gus said as he ran his arm across his mouth.

“Awe, Gus, you are so sweet.” Nate nearly melted everytime he was with these kids.  Gus wrapped his arms around Nate’s neck and he only cringed a bit as he felt the greasy little arm slide across his neck.  

“Nate, would you, pleeeese,  help with my bath tonight?”

“I would love to if it is alright with your dad.”

“Daddy can Nate…”

“How about we use the big tub?”

“With lots of bubbles?”  Gus asked and just for emphasis Aaron blew bubbles.

Justin picked up Aaron and Gus ran to the stairs.  “If you want to put the milk in the fridge just come up to our room when you do.  We can clean the rest of this up after they are in bed.”

Justin went upstairs as Nathan put away the cold food.  He had to smile, he was going to see the inner sanctum.  He really was curious and he could imagine, too well, what went on there.  As he moved toward the laughter, he was in need of some physical attention.  Face it, even though he was rarely alone, he was lonely.

He looked around the master bedroom as he walked in.  Nate wasn’t sure what he expected but the bedroom was stunning.  There were shades of blues and grays with accents of burgundys the color of the deepest red wine. There was an accent chair as well as a loveseat in a small sitting area by a fireplace.  He then made his way into the huge master bath. Aaron was sitting in the bubbles, patting them with his hands but Gus was barely visible as he tried burning himself in the bubbles.

“Aaron, where is your big brother? You know the kid with the curly, dark hair?” 

By now Gus was giggling and needed to get a breath without bubbles. “I’m right here, Nate!” 

“Well, yes you are?” he responded and they all laughed, even Aaron who had no idea what was so funny.  

20 minutes later after lots of splashing, Aaron’s little head started bobbing.  “Well, Gus, it looks like your brother needs to get in bed.  Time to get out.”

“But, I’m having fun, Daddy.”

“I can’t leave you alone.” Justin said to Gus.

“I’m not alone.  Nathan is here.”

Justin started opening his mouth but Nate held up his hand.  “Five more minutes and then we will get you dried off and you can show me where your pajamas are?” Nate looked over at Justin and Justin nodded.

After Aaron was in bed, Justin went into Gus’ room where he found Nate telling him a story. When the story was done, Justin kissed Gus and tucked him in bed.  “Daddy J, I didn’t get to say goodnight to Daddy.”

“He had a meeting, Gus, but I will talk to him before bed and send him love.”

“Ok, Daddy.” he said as he snuggled deeper in his bed and before the two men got out of the room, he was sound asleep.

Once in the hall, Nathan said, “I’ll go clean up dinner.”

“I’ll help. Thanks for the assistance tonight.  It makes my life so much easier.” The men chatted as they worked side by side. “Tomorrow Father Tom is coming.  If you have anything else you would like to in the morning, Tom will be playing with Aaron.  He loves them as much as you do.”

“Father Tom? Is that the priest that is marrying Uncle Em?”

“Yes.  He is helping with the research to find Brian’s father and today we found a really good lead. He asked to come here tomorrow so he could play with trucks. I know he is a great priest but he would be such a good father.”

“Justin, can I ask you something? I feel a little silly talking to my uncle.”

“Of course you can.”

“Where can I go to meet … well, I am not looking for a serious relationship but I also don’t like to just sleep around with strangers.”

“Oh, Nathan, I should have realized that.”

“You guys have all made me so welcome but that is one area I haven’t explored.  I don’t know where to start.”

“I’ll think about it and we could ask Tom tomorrow.  He has to be very discreet and is never looking for a serious relationship.”

“Thanks, Justin.” Justin’s phone began to ring. “Go, I’ll finish and lock up and set the alarm when I leave.”  

Justin kissed Nate’s cheek and answered the phone. “Hey, Brian, how did the rest of your day go?” He moved up the stairs to their room.

“Sunshine, have I told you lately that you are the most amazing husband a person could ever have? Your timing couldn’t have been better. Cynthia told me she filled you in on what happened.”

“And you fixed it?”

“Well, it’s because of your tender loving care my mind started working again.”

“Glad I could be of assistance. Damn, I miss you and before I forget because he won’t, Gus sends love and kisses.  He was sorry he didn’t get to talk to you.”

“Damn, I hope this week flies by. I hate spending so much time away.”

“So are you going to tell me what happened?”

They talked for another 45 minutes before they both started yawning. “I don’t want to say goodnight but the boys will be up early.  Oh, I never even told you what Tom and I found today.”

“You didn’t find him, do you?”

“Well, we have a name but not a location. I think tomorrow.”

“Then tomorrow we'll start our conversation with that. I love you, Sunshine.  Thanks for taking care of our beautiful boys.  I miss them.  I miss you.”

“I miss you, too, darling.  I love you so much. Good night.” With that they disconnected.  Justin looked at his bed but after pulling on shorts and a T-shirt he walked over to Gus’ room and crawled in bed with him.

“Daddy J, I love you.” Gus laid his head on Justin’ arm and kissed it before going back to sleep.


In the morning there was a steady snow.  Justin texted Tom and asked if he was still planning to come out.  He said he was.  Justin suggested he take an overnight bag in case it got worse.  

“It looks like we have both boys home all day,” Ronni said coming out of her room.  At the same time Nate came in shivering from the short walk from the pool house.  

“I love the snow but does it have to be so cold?”

“Nate, you can’t have snow in the summer!” Gus rolled his eyes.

“Well, Nathan, this is what we call a snow day.  I know my sons will be here pretty soon.  I was thinking I would make some chili and chicken soup.  How about making some of your amazing bread and rolls?”

“Oh, sure! That would be fun.  Is Father Tom still coming?” Nate looked at Justin.

“Yes, he will be here.  I think he decided he would rather be with a house of friends then at the rectory by himself,” Justin said, smiling at Nate.  

By the time Tom arrived, James and Emmett had made their way up to the main house and the house was full of the aroma of baked bread and simmering soup. “That trip wasn’t fun but I am so glad I came.  It smells so good in here and where else could I spend the day building towers and playing with trucks.”

“Oh, Tom, I want you to meet my nephew.” Nathan walked over to the tall attractive man.

Nate extended his hand, “Nate Honeycutt.” Tom shook it as their eyes locked.

“Very nice to meet you,” Tom said just as the stove timer went off. Nate waved and went back to the kitchen area as Gus started calling to Father Tom.

“Gus, let me have five minutes with your dad and then we can play while he works,” Tom winked at Gus and followed Justin toward the office. Once they were in the office he took out a laptop and put it on the desk.  He started it and signed into the site. Justin had been on the site before with Tom so he knew how to get around it.  “Are you sure you don’t want me to help?”

“Tom, if you entertain Gus, you are helping.  This is your vacation, enjoy it.” Tom started moving toward the door.  “Oh, Tom, if you get a chance and find yourself with Nate, he may ask you about where you find a private date when you need one.”

“Now that is the most polite way to say I need sex I’ve ever heard,” Tom laughed.  

“He is such a great guy and he isn’t into just sleeping around, not right now anyway, and he isn’t ready for a relationship.  He wants a friend with benefits, I guess.”

“I’ll talk to him sometime,” and Tom left saying, “What are we playing with first, Gus?”


Justin was surprised how easy it was to find Kevin Cain now that he had all the information he needed.  Kevin Cain had been born in Iowa 60 years earlier. He graduated from high school and was immediately drafted for Vietnam. Fortunately, he never saw any fighting.  He spent his deployment in Hawaii working as a medic.  In the records it stated near the end of his service he became engaged to Anna Claire but it didn’t tell Justin how he met her.  He hadn’t realized how long he had been combing through the history when Em popped in.

“Hey, Sunshine, lunch is ready. Having any luck? Do you know where pops is?”

“I actually have been going through his history.  I haven’t looked at where he is yet.”

Em walked around to the look at the computer.  “Is that him? Don’t answer that.  Those are Brian’s eyes. He’s gorgeous.”

“Ya, I noticed.” Justin glanced outside.  “Wow, we’ve got a real blizzard going on. I wish Brian was home.”

“Come on. Let’s go eat that amazing food they have been working on all morning.” Em looped his arm around Justin’s shoulders as they walked to the great room where everyone was waiting.

After lunch wrapped up Justin tried to call Brian but he was in a meeting.  Justin knew this was the way Brian’s business worked but he hated it when Brian was so stressed but he also knew in some way it fueled Brian once it was over.  He guessed if twice a year there were a couple weeks that kept Kinnetik going and then Brian could lighten up a bit for several months.  Brian didn’t neglect his smaller clients but he knew signing this client for a three year contract gave him a lot more breathing room.

Once both boys were down for a nap, Ronni went upstairs to do a little cleaning. James, Em, Nate and Tom started playing Gay Monopoly and Jusitn went back to learn more about Kevin Cain. 

When an alarm sounded on the security board, James went to check it out. Justin came out of the office, “Is everything alright?”

James smiled, “Yes, it looks like a camera has been knocked offline because of the heavy snow. I will go make sure that is all it is but I could see the build up just before it disconnected.  Em, want to take a ride with me on the snowmobile? It is the back gate camera near our place.”

“If it means I can rest my hands on your cock, of course!” Em smiled as he started pulling on his coat.

Once they had left it left Tom and Nathan alone.  Tom commented, “You are an amazing baker.  I don’t think I have ever had rolls that are that buttery.”

“I like working with dough.  You can mold it and shape it but you also need to treat it right, pay attention to it and figure out what it needs.”

“That sounds like you are talking about a lover.”

“It kind of is like that.  When you treat it right, it responds in kind.  Speaking of lovers… wow is that an awkward entrance.”

“I won’t make you squirm.  Justin told me you asked him about a place to find a date.”

“I have not dated much and I am not a virgin but I am also not a player. I would love to find someone who I like but I don’t want them to be sleeping with a dozen or more other people.  I want a friend with benefits.”

“I don’t want this to be uncomfortable, Nate, but you can imagine someone in my situation has to be very discreet.  I think you and I might be able to help each other out but I want you to know that if you would be willing to explore a relationship, it will always be a friendship and when you are ready for more, there would be no hurt feelings.  Besides that, we may find we can be great friends but being lovers just isn’t a fit.”

Nate sat quietly for a moment. “Wow, I didn’t expect that.”

“No pressure but think about it.  I don’t expect anything but since I am staying here tonight  maybe you and I can get to know each other a little better.”

“I would like that.  I can always use a friend and if more than that comes out of it we can both consider ourselves lucky.  Let’s just both be honest, ok?”

“Can we seal that with a kiss?” Tom smiled at Nate and they both moved toward each other.  They kissed  but when they started taking it a little deeper, they both heard the snowmobile so separated. “Maybe we can decide where this is going. And who gets to know about it?”

“I totally understand, Tom. I’m going to make some hot chocolate.”

It wasn’t long before Gus was up and the game went from Monopoly to Crazy 8. Everyone sipped hot chocolate and ate popcorn while Justin continued researching in the office.

Justin took his time going through Kevin’s whole career as a priest. He had not spent time as a parish priest. He spent his time working as a hospital chaplain and working with struggling youth.  He had worked in New York City homeless shelters and then went overseas.  

As Justin looked through the years Justin started comparing the years.  Kevin was working with teens when Brian entered the Jr. High School.  Brian could have used a caring father.  Kevin was leaving for Asia when Brian graduated from high school.  There was no way he could know how Joan and Jack would raise Brian and in those days a single father would never have gotten custody. 

There was a knock on the door, “Honey, someone is looking for his daddy.” Em walked in with a fussy Aaron.

“Oh, buddy, what is wrong?” Justin took his son and kissed his flushed cheek.

“Ronni said he is running a low grade temperature.  She thinks he’s cutting a tooth.”

Justin ran his finger along Aaron’s gums and he immediately started gnawing on his daddy’s finger. “That is definitely it.”

“Ronni is mixing something up…”

“Of course she is.  That mother in law of yours is a special lady.”

“Yes, she is. So, what did you find out?” Em pointed to the laptop.

“I was just about to find out where he lives now.” Justin sat down snuggling Aaron close as he scrolled down on the page. Justin scanned the page and then stopped.  “Father Kevin Cain is now running a facility for LGBTQ homeless teens. If that isn’t serendipity I don’t know what is.”

“Where is he?” Emmett asked.

Aaron started crying harder.  “Come on, sweetheart.  Let’s see if Ronni has her magic cure ready for you.”

“Daddy, can I go outside and play in the snow? Ronni said it is too white outside.  I couldn’t play in the snow if it wasn’t white.”

“Gus, Ronni is right.  What she means is the snow is blowing too much and you could get lost or just get very cold very fast.  The snow will be there tomorrow and by then the wind and snow are supposed to stop.”

Gus looked disappointed but Tom distracted him.  “I’m staying overnight.  If your dad gives his Ok, I promise I’ll build a snowman with you in the morning.”

“Really?” Gus asked.

“Have I ever lied to you? I work for God and if I did that I would be in big trouble.”  Gus ran over and hugged Tom tightly around the waist. 

Justin was thankful for all the extra people in the house today.  Aaron had calmed a bit but he wasn’t going to be anywhere but in his daddy’s arms. It was about 5:00 when Brian called.

“Hey, Sunshine,” Justin could hear the weariness in Brian’s voice.

“Please tell me you are at the loft for the night.”

“I am.  We were supposed to go out to a restaurant tonight but it closed because of the weather. Is everything Ok out there?”

“Yes, I hate to say it but it’s been a fun snow day here, except Aaron is teething so he is a bit fussy.”

“Damn, I would love nothing better than to rock him all night.”

“I would love that, too.  Brian, I have a lot to tell you.”

“You found him?”

“Darling, can I call you tonight after the boys are in bed.  This is going to take a little while.”

“Ya, I know you are busy.” Justin could hear a note of sadness in his voice.

“I love you, Brian.  Remember Friday will be here before you know it.”

“I’ll talk to you soon.  I love you.” The line went dead.

After dinner, Em and James took the snowmobile back to their place. As Ronni started to get Gus ready for bed, Justin rocked Aaron while Nathan and Tom sat on the sofa together, touching more than before. Justin smiled at the two, “You two don’t have to hang out here. I hope you two both find what you are looking for.” Nate and Tom kissed his cheek and then bundled up and held hands as they strode across the pool deck. Justin stood up and walked around, turning off lights and locking doors.  He then set the alarm and carried a now sleeping Aaron up the stairs.

After tucking Aaron in and checking on Gus, Justin got into bed.  He picked up his phone and called Brian. “Hey, Sunshine.”

“Hey, Brian.  How was your evening?”

“Justin, don’t take me wrong but it has been driving me crazy.  What did you find out?”



Chapter 5 by Simply written

Chapter 5


Justin had really wanted to tell him in person but he didn’t want Brian to have to wait.  “Do you have something to drink?”

“Is it that bad?”

“No, not at all. My day went so fast learning about your father today.”

“Ok, I have my drink. Now you are sure this Kevin is my father?”

“Yes, your father’s name is Kevin Cain. I found documentation that he was engaged to your aunt. I couldn’t find anything about how they met but your dad is from Iowa. He was stationed in Hawaii as a medic during Vietnam. If I had to guess they were penpals.  That would make sense. Anna Claire was sweet and a little naive. And Kevin fell in love with her spirit. That’s just the way I see it.” He waited but Brian didn’t say anything. “Brian, are you there?”

“Ya, I’m here.  I know I will want to hear all of this but can it wait until I have you in my arms and I can kiss the hollow of your throat while you tell me.”

Justin groaned, “Damn, I want you.” He took a deep breath, “Your dad has worked in several places but the short version is he was not a parish priest.  He worked in hospitals and a lot of charities both in this country and abroad.”

“Where is he now?”

“Father Kevin Cain runs an LGBTQ center for homeless youth in Atlanta, GA.”  More silence.

“Oh, Bri, don’t do this to me.  Talk to me.  I should have waited until we were together.”

Brian sat in the loft by himself.  He was a little relieved his father didn’t stand in front of a congregation every day and spout latin.  He sounded like he really did something.

“I’m here, Sunshine.”

“What are you thinking?”

“Besides the fact I miss our boy and you and that tight little ass of yours? I’m glad he’s that kind of priest. I am going to let it sink in.”

“Anytime you want to go…”

“Sunshine, I need to think about this, Ok?”

“Sure, darling.  I’ll send you everything I have in case you have time tomorrow night, you can review it.”

“So what else went on out there?” Justin told him about Aaron teething and how much fun Gus had with everyone around today. “And right now Tom and Nate are together in the pool house.”

“WHAT? Why do I see your matchmaking handiwork in that?”

“Well, Nate asked me where he could go to find someone.  He knows he is looking for a lover not the love of his life. I mentioned it to Tom because he is always looking for a discreet partner.  You can’t get much more discreet than our pool house and Gus loves both of them so much.”

“Tell me how much you love me.  I need to hear it, Sunshine.” Brian was starting to sound like he didn’t stop with one drink.

“Brian Kinney, you are the most beautiful man I know and I don’t just mean that big cock of yours.  It is your heart that has always gotten me….” Justin continued to talk as Brian got comfortable in the big platform bed they had made love for the first time.  Justin did the same thing and soon they were both stroking themselves in time.


Tom sat on Nate’s sofa as Nate walked over with two cups  and then went back and brought a plate of homemade rolls and a honey spread. “Sorry I don’t have any beer or soda.  I made us each a cup of tea and you said you liked the rolls so…”  Tom reached for Nate and placed his hand on the back of Nate’s neck and brought him toward him as he moved to meet him.  Their lips met. It was the kiss that was interrupted early in the main house.

“Nate, I don’t need anything.  I hope you will let me sleep with you but that is all I am asking for.  I love to sleep  and wake up with someone in my arms. They sipped their tea and Nate broke off bite size pieces of roll and dipped it and alternated bites between the two of them.  “Damn, if I ate like this every day…”

“Well, maybe we can think of some way to burn off some of the calories,” Nathan took the cup out of Tom’s hand and set both cups on the coffee table. He slowly stood and reached for Tom’s hand. “Tom, I haven’t had much experience.  I don’t want to disappoint you.”

“Nathan, someone with such a genuine heart would never disappoint me and I am nearly 15 years older than you, I hope I can teach you a few things you can enjoy the rest of your life.” Together they walked to the bedroom.  Nate had tossed Tom’s overnight bag in when they had arrived.  As they walked in Tom’s bag was sitting on the bed.  The bedroom was not large but it was neat and had a queen sized bed.  Tom placed a hand on Nate’s cheek and lightly kissed him.

Nathan was flushed by the time they separated. “Damn, I…”  He wrapped his arms around Tom’s neck and their lips fused until Nate’s tongue began to probe between Tom’s lips and Tom soon realized that Nate was one of the best kissers he had ever had the pleasure of kissing.  Soon he was tugging at Nathan’s shirt wanting more but then he felt Nate tighten.

Tom moved his mouth away but pulled Nathan close and just held him tight. “Where the hell did you learn to kiss like that?” Tom took in a deep breath trying to calm his breathing.

“My high school girlfriend,” Nate said softly.  Nate took off his shirt himself.  With a featherlight touch Tom ran his fingertips down his lean chest and stomach so slowly by the time he got to his navel sucked in a deep breath.

“Girlfriend?”

“Ya, and she was a good girl so we made out a lot but I never had to worry about her wanting me to go further,” Nate said as he reached out and tugged Tom’s sweater up over his head. Tom was in good shape for a middle aged man. Nate reached out and ran his hand through the mat of sandy colored hair with a silver one in there.  

Tom undid his fly and started pulling his jeans off.  Nate followed suit and then Tom, glanced at the night stands and pulled the blankets back on the ‘guest’ side. Showing Nathan they didn’t have to be naked to sleep together. He was sure he saw him relax a bit. As they lay down, they both stared at the ceiling for a moment. Tom reached over and linked his fingers with Nathan.

“What are you worried about, Nathan?”

“I, well, I told Justin I wanted some to….” Nathan stopped.  “I’ve never had sex with a guy.  Or a girl for that matter. Well, unless oral sex counts, now that I have enjoyed many times but as for the actual act…”

“Do you trust me, Nate?”

“I do,” he said, but he had a note of warriness.

“Does this make you nervous?” Tom shuffled in bed and positioned Nate so they spooned, Tom resting his hand on Nate’s chest, softly blowing on the back of his neck and then dropping a kiss behind Nate’s ear.  It had the effect he had hoped as he felt a shiver run through his young partner.

“Damn, that feels good.”

“Nate, do you think you could have sex with me? I would love to feel you bury,” as he spoke he slipped his hand into Nate’s briefs. He wrapped his fingers around the already hard cock, “This inside me.”

“You mean you aren’t a top? I don’t know what I am but I was just sure you would be…” as Tom began to stroke below Nathan’s balls he struggled to talk, “a top. But I am fairly sure I can help you out if you make sure you tell me if I am doing something wrong.”

“There is really no right or wrong but, don’t worry.  Just take it slow and I’ll let you know what to do if you aren’t sure.”

Tom slipped out of his briefs and so did Nate.  “Do you have condoms?”

“Ya, and lube.” Nate took off his briefs.  “I was hoping I would need them some day.”  He opened his night stand drawer and pulled out a pump bottle and a square foil packet.  “Tom, will you do the honors?” Tom took the packet and ripped it open. He pulled out the ring and slowly rolled it down the erection and then accepted the bottle of lube and covered the sheath.  He then took Nate’s hand and put some lube on one hand.  

“You will need to explore a little. Do a little probing so you get some of that oil inside to help me out.” It didn’t take any more explanation or encouragement.  Tom felt Nate gently prod and then he felt his finger slide in and Nate didn’t need to explore much as he found Tom’s prostate almost immediately. “Oh, lord, that feels….how do you…”

“I said I hadn’t had sex.  I never said I hadn’t explored a bit.” Tom turned and kissed him and then got into a position that would be easiest for Nathan and to his surprise, Nate didn’t hesitate.  He pushed in slowly and steadily. It wasn’t long before they were in a rhythm and then both shot a load of cum simultaneously as they shouted in release.

Sometime later, they lay in each other’s arms. They hadn’t said anything but were now kissing and touching. Nate took a deep breath. “How bad was I?  I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

“Hurt me? That was great, Nate! It has been a long time since I connected with a partner like that.  How was it for you?”

“It felt so much better than I thought it would and I have to admit, now I want to know what it feels like.”

“Next time, my boy.  Right now, I am tired and just want to feel your body next to me. You are so beautiful, Nathan.”

“I’m scrawny and very average looking.”

“No, there is nothing wrong with the way you look.  Not everyone can be a Brian Kinney or Justin Taylor and I’ve been with Brian Kinney and he has nothing on you.”

“You have been with Brian?” Nathan looked shocked.

“It was a long time ago and it was in the back room of a club.  That is nothing I would do today but back then, I was new to town and didn’t know where to find…”

“Someone you enjoyed being with without a commitment.”

Tom slid his hand down Nate’s back and rested his hand on his ass, pulling him close and rubbing his cock against Nathan’s. “Let’s get some sleep and see where the morning leads us.” The men relaxed into each other and drifted off to sleep.


“Nate!  Father Tom!  Did you have a sleepover? Did you have fun? I get to have a sleepover with Aunt Molly and Grandma tomorrow night!”

Nate blushed as he took off his scarf and coat.  Both of them had agreed to keep personal contact limited when they weren’t alone.  “Come here, munchkin.” Tom picked Gus up and threw him up as giggles filled the air.

“Father Tom, I’m not a munchkin.  I’m not orange.”

Nate walked over and started helping Ronni with breakfast. “You look like a happy, young man this morning.”

Nate kissed Ronni’s cheek and said, “What can I do to help?”

“How about making some muffins? We still have some of your bread and rolls from yesterday and I put an oven omelet  in a few minutes ago.”

Justin came downstairs with Aaron who still was not very happy this morning.  It was obvious Justin hadn’t gotten much sleep.  He had first tossed in bed worrying about Brian and then Aaron woke and the poor little guy was so uncomfortable.  If it hadn’t been for Ronni’s miracle rub, he wouldn’t have slept at all.

Justin gratefully handed Aaron to Ronni as he took the big mug of coffee she offered.  “After breakfast you are going to go to your room and you are going to sleep. I have lots of help with the boys. My boys will be here in about 30 minutes. They are checking on the gates and the rest of the property.”

“Are they on the snowmobile?”

“I think they are,” Ronni said and smiled over at Gus.  She knew what he was thinking.  “I bet you would like to go for a ride on that.”

“Do you think I can?” Gus looked over at Justin. “Daddy J, can I ride on the snow machine?”

“Well, if James will take you and someone else will ride behind you and you wear a helmet and…” Justin’s mind wandered off.

“Justin, we will all make sure he is protected.” Tom patted Justin’s shoulder as Gus rode on his shoulders.  He walked over to the wall of windows and looked at the pool.  “Gus how about a swim?”

More giggles, “I can’t swim in the snow!” 


As the morning continued they all ate and as Emmett helped Gus get bundled up for his ride. Ronni walked over and handed a cup to Jusitn. He glanced in it and realized she had picked up on the fact he had one of his headaches. “How did you know?”

“It was written all over your face and you didn’t eat, you pushed your food around.” Ronni replied.

“Please don’t tell Brian.  He has had enough going on.  I promise, I will go to bed as soon as this is gone and sleep for an hour or two.”

“It is not my place to tattle on you.  He is your husband and you love him.  If you want to keep…”

“Ronni, not now. If it gets really bad I will tell him but I think once I get some sleep…”  Ronni patted him on the shoulder.

“Daddy J, are you alright?” Gus waddled over, so bundled he could barely move.

“I just have a bit of a headache so I am going to take a nap and you have a houseful of great babysitters and I will see you at lunch.” Justin gave his son a hug and kiss before draining his cup and moving toward the steps.

“Take your pills when you get upstairs.”

“I will.”


Justin was vaguely aware of someone coming into his room but he just pulled the blankets over his head.  When he woke another time Ronni was there and helped him sit up, giving him more medication and another cup of tea. “What time is it?”

“Don’t worry about the time.  Aaron is feeling better and Tom decided to stay one more night.  We both know it has nothing to do with the weather anymore but the man did take vacation this week. Now, you sleep until morning. Don’t worry about your boys.”

“What time is it? If I don’t call Brian…”

“It is about 9:00. You get off the phone as quickly as possible or he will know.”  Ronni made a good point.  Brian and Justin were too connected to keep the headache a secret if they talked long.

“I just need to say goodnight.” Ronni picked up Justin’s phone and called Brian.  She knew any light right now was too painful for Justin to look at.  She handed the phone to Justin and left the room.

“Hey, Sunshine.” Brian’s voice slurred a bit.  “Damn, I miss you.”  Justin didn’t say anything. “Justin, you there?”

“Oh, ya, miss you.”

“You Ok, Sunshine?” 

Justin couldn’t concentrate. “Good night, love,” and he hung up.

Brian sat on the bed.  What the hell was that? He tried calling Justin but there was know answer.  He called Ronni’s phone. “Well, Brian, I didn’t expect to hear from you.”  She knew she was about to lie to her employer.

“Is something wrong over there? I think Justin just hung up on me.”

“You think he hung up on you? Or did he hang up on you because you were too drunk to have a conversation?”

“Ronni, we did have a couple drinks at our informal celebration but I’m not that drunk.  Is something wrong out there?”

“The only thing wrong is Aaron is teething and Justin didn’t have much sleep last night.  I told him I had Aaron tonight. Maybe he took something.  Now I need to get back to your son. Go to sleep, Brian.”

Ronni hung up and crossed herself, asking forgiveness for lying to him.


It was about noon by the time Justin came into the kitchen. His boys were sitting by the table eating lunch.  Ronni was the only adult around and Justin was relieved. He kissed both his boys and sat down by the table.  Ronni set a plate of food in front of him and a cup of her tea.

“Are you feeling better?” she asked him.

“I am.  Thank you.”

“Daddy J are you all better? Do we still get to go to Grandma’s?”

“Of course you get to go to your grandma’s.  You don’t think they would let me keep you to myself, do you?”

“Are you sure you are up to driving?” Ronni asked.

“I asked Nate to drive us in.  Then he can drive Brian’s Stingray back here and we will have the SUV to come in tomorrow.”

“I like that idea.  Go light on the partying tonight.  I know you want to celebrate with Brian but remember what you will feel like…”

“I know, Ronni. Could you pack…”

“I already have their overnight bags ready. Oh, you need to call Brian.  I told him you forgot to plug your phone in but he isn’t buying it much longer.”

Justin pulled his phone out and called Brian.  He passed the phone to Gus right away.  Brian answered, “Sunshine what the hell is going on?”

“Hi, Daddy.  You aren’t mad at Daddy J are you?”

“Oh, Gus, hey big guy!  No, I’m not mad at Daddy.  I miss him and just want to see him.  Are you ready to go to Grandma’s overnight?”

“Oh, yes!  We get a sleepover just like Father Tom and Nate!  Grandma said we are baking cookies!”

“Well, that sounds like fun.  Is your brother feeling better?”

“He has a tooth, Daddy.  You can see it when he smiles!”

“Well, I can’t wait to see it tomorrow. Pass the phone to your daddy.”

“Love you, Daddy.”

“Oh, Gus, I love you, too.”

Justin took the phone from Gus, “Hey, Brian.”

“Tom and Nate are having sleepovers?”

“Ya, well…”

“When are you going to be here?”

“I told Mom, I would be dropping the boys off in about two hours so I should be there about 3:30.  Is that good?”

“That is great.  It will give you and me a couple hours to get to know each other again.”

“Brian, we saw each other about three days ago.” Justin said softly.

“That is three days too many. You are not telling me something.  I can feel it.”

“We can talk in a few hours.  I need to finish getting ready and Nate will be here soon to drive us in.  He’s taking the Stingray back, remember?”

“He’s a good driver, right? Are you sure he can drive it?”

“Brian, it is just a car.  See you in a few hours.”

“Did he just say, it’s just a car?” Brian said to himself after the line went dead.

Justin rushed upstairs knowing he didn’t have much time to pack. Once he had what he needed he jumped in the shower but when he got out and dressed, he still didn’t look that great.  He couldn’t think of anything else to do and they needed to go.  As Nate got the boys in the car for him, Ronni handed him a travel mug.  

“Sip on this. Hopefully, it will give you a little boost. You don’t think Brian is going to miss all the signs, do you?”

“I am hoping he is going to just be excited enough that he won’t notice. This is his big night.  This is the party he plans all year.”

“He better know how special you are.”

“You are the one that is special, Ronni.” Justin kissed her cheek.  “Dante, around this weekend?”

“He arrives back in town in about an hour.  He should be here by dinner.”

“Enjoy your weekend, Ronni.”

“I will but if you need me…”

“Absolutely not. This is your time off. Nate will be around this weekend. You are not to work, period.” With that Justin walked out shutting the door behind him.

Justin wasn’t sure what Ronni had put in that cup but whatever it was, it packed a punch.  By the time they dropped the boys off, he even fooled his mom.  He was feeling much better about it now.  Maybe he could pull this off.

“Justin, are you sure Brian is Ok with me driving his Stingray.  I mean this is a dream for me but he still scares me a little.”

“Nate, you and Tom….”

“Justin! You aren’t asking for details, are you?”

“No, I just want two friends to be happy.”

“I am, Justin.  He is great.” Nate pulled into the lot next to the loft and within moments Justin’s door was ripped open and he was in Brian’s arms. 

Justin melted against Brian and felt Brian’s lips claim his. When they finally separated. Nate was leaning against the closed driver door looking across the street. Brian kept his arms tightly wrapped around Justin and looked over at Nate.  “So you and Tom?”

Nate turned around and looked at them.  “We are not going to be public.”

“Understandable.  So you know how to drive a stick?”

“Yes, I grew up driving stick.”

“Well,” Brian tossed the keys over to Nate. “If you put even a scratch on that machine, Tom may come in handy to read you your last rights.”

“Brian! Nate, don't worry about it.  It’s a car and we have insurance.”

“I will be careful. Justin, don’t forget your bag,” Nathan met Justin at the back door and opened the back, pulling out his bag.  “You feeling ok? You don’t look so good.”

“I’ll be alright. Is Tom coming back tonight?”

“Not sure.  It depends if he is needed at work.”  Nate turned toward Brian, “Congratulations, Brian.  I hear you came out on top of all the ad agencies in the city.”

“I did, now if you will excuse us I want enough time to make love with my husband before dinner.” He took the bag off Justin’s shoulder and wrapped his arm around Justin’s waist as they entered the loft.  

Nate hoped Justin was up to Brian’s evening.  He opened the car door and slid into the driver’s seat.  “Damn, life is good,” he said as he floored it as he pulled out of the lot.

Brian heard the tires squeal. “Fuck! If he…” Justin turned into Brian and kissed him, wrapping his arms around Brian’s neck. “

“It’s just a car, love.” Justin said.

“Just a …” Brian stopped talking as Justin slid his hands down his back and into the waistband of his pants.  “Shit, it’s just a car.” He propelled Justin up the steps to the bedroom. And soon they were both undressed and laying on the bed.  Justin stretched out so as much of his body was in contact with his skin as possible.  He hoped the contact would be enough to recharge him.

“Tell me about the deal, Brian.  What did you finally settle on?”

Brian drug his mouth down Justin’s pale skin.  Was he paler than normal? Brian questioned in his own head.  “Sunshine, business can wait. I am a little distracted at the moment,” he said just as he took Justin’s cock into his mouth.  “Damn. this is the best lollipop…” he started licking and sucking, going from his balls to his cock and back. He looked up at Justin’s face, and again thought how fair he looked but he was so beautiful and so into what Brian was doing, Justin almost seemed to be glowing from within.

Justin’s eyes fluttered open and he saw Brian looking at him just as Brian slipped his finger inside him and Justin arched, giving into Brian’s pleasure. He grasped for Brian and pulled him upward. Brian flopped on his back and Justin laid across his chest.

“Sunshine, is everything alright? You’ve only said a few words since you got here and I keep arguing with myself but you are pale.”

“Brian,” Justin let his fingers travel through Brian’s pubic hair. I am fair skinned and blonde and it is the beginning of April.  I haven’t been in the sun at all for over six months.” Justin’s voice trailed off.  “Brian, make love to me.”

Brian didn’t have to be asked twice. Brian slipped behind him and holding on to him tightly, he moved into him and then wrapped his arms tightly around Justin as he thrust over and over. “FUCK!” Brian shouted as he found release.  Minutes later Brian realized Justin was sound asleep.

Brian slipped out of bed and grabbed his phone.  He texted Ronni, ‘What the hell is up with Sunshine? Don’t play games with me.’

‘Major headache last 24 hours. He's better but tired.’

‘Thanks.’  At least he knew he wasn’t crazy. He should have known.  He shouldn’t have had to be told.  He was so out of sync with his husband he couldn’t even tell he had been sick.  He left Justin sleep as long as he could but eventually he had to get him up, “Sunshine, time to wake up.  We both need a shower and then get into those monkey suits.”

“Bri, why didn’t you wake me up.  I didn’t realize...I shouldn’t have…”

“Dumbass, why didn’t you tell me about the headache?”

“Ronni?”

“When you fell asleep like that, I knew I wasn’t totally crazy.  You are very pale.  We don’t have to go tonight.  We can stay…”

“Like hell we are staying home!  I want to be seen with the most beautiful, brilliant man in Pittsburgh.” Justin kissed him.  “And I really do feel a lot better. Let’s get showered.”  Justin really did feel more energized. Just making love and taking that nap with Brian was like being recharged.  He could feel Brian’s excitement building as they dressed and then as they rode in the limo to the banquet. 

The moment they walked into the ballroom, Brian kept an arm wrapped tightly around Justin’s waist, while everyone that could get close enough stopped by and said hello.  Soon, Ted and Blake, and Cynthia and her partner, walked over, along with the director of the Art Department and his date. All of them were shown to the head table. Brian assisted with Justin’s chair and once he was sitting himself, he softly said, “Are you feeling alright? How’s your head? If you want to go home we can leave anytime.” He kissed Justin’s cheek.

“We are not leaving your special night.  I am fine, really.” He could see the worry on Brian’s face.  He put his hand on his cheek and kissed him.  The kiss was long and gentle. “I love you, Brian Kinney, and I promise if I start feeling worse, I will let you know, but Ronni gave me her witch’s brew and made me take the doctor’s med. I will be fine.” This time the kiss they shared spoke volumes of not only their attraction for each other but the love they shared.

Music filled the hall and Justin smiled at Brian. “Will you dance with me until our meal arrives?”

“My pleasure!”  They both stood.  They had on their matching tuxedos.  They were a standard black tux but the vest underneath was a slate blue gray and so was the pocket square but instead of the bow tie they wore standard ties of the same color. As soon as they hit the floor a great deal of the guests started watching them. Most of the women swooned as they watched them as well as many of the men.  After a few minutes several other couples joined them.  Brian and Justin sat down when the third song started and they noticed food was being served to their table.

The rest of the evening was a bit of a blur.  They ate and danced another number before the awards were presented. Kinnetik was the big winner of the night claiming more awards than any other agency and when they were down to the last award, as everyone already knew.  That was the one award that was announced ahead of time. They showed a slideshow of Brian’s career and then it was time for Brian to give his speech.  He stood and insisted that Justin come up with him. As they climbed the stairs to the platform, Justin whispered, “Brian, this is your night.  I….”

Brian stopped him with a quick kiss and then stepped up to the podium. He let Justin stay a step back for now and started talking, “Good evening again.  I can’t act surprised since I was told about it earlier this week.  I am not going to lie, I have worked my ass off the last six months to have this success. And yes, the income is great but I have a much more important reason to want to succeed.” Brian reached out and Justin took his hand. “Many of you know the story of my beautiful husband.  Next week it will be a year since I found him.  In that year we married, we had a second son, and Justin has fought his way back to a normal life. I worked this hard because my family means everything to me and now, I see a lot more time at home with those I love. Sunshine, this is for you.” Brian handed him the award.  “I love you and our boys more than anything else in this world. Thank you for making life worth living.” He picked Justin up and kissed him before setting him back down and they walked back to their table.

“Brian, you could have done all of this without me.”

“Of course I could have but what would be the purpose without you and the boys waiting at home.” Brian commented.

“He’s right, Justin,” Ted said, looking at his friends, as he pulled Blake against him. “You two need to be together, just like Blake and I do.  I could live but why would I want to without him.” 

Blake turned and kissed Ted. “I feel completely the same, Teddy.  I love you.”

Brian looked at his key staff sitting at the table with them.  “Before we go, which we are doing because I want to get this man home, you will all be getting a bonus next payday and I want all of you to take two weeks off.  Not at the same time but HR knows there are two weeks plus airline tickets to anywhere you want to go.”

“Brian, that is great!” Cynthia leaned over and kissed Brian’s cheek.  “We are going to go dance until we can’t anymore but…” Cynthia nodded toward Justin who was starting to fade after all of the night’s activities. Brian nodded and smiled at her.

“We are on our way home,” he stood, helping Justin to his feet. “One more dance?” Brian said as ‘Save the Last Dance for Me’ began.

“Most definitely,” Justin said as they strode out on the floor.  It was like the years disappeared.  Even though Justin didn’t remember the night of his prom, the dance just came back to him and he and Brian floated around the floor and then right out of the room.

It wasn’t a long ride back to the loft and Justin just curled up next to Brian and sat silently for several minutes. “Has the fact we found your dad sunk in yet?”

“I haven’t really thought about it much, yet.  I was so wrapped up in getting everything done by today that …. Ya, wow, you found my dad. Have you seen a picture of him? Does he still have his hair?”

Justin kissed him, “I only saw a picture of him when he was younger than you are now but he was definitely a hotty!” Justin smirked as Brian moved toward him but before they could do anything more the car stopped moving.

Brian and Justin took the lift up to the loft.  Before Brian opened the door he pressed Justin against the door and kissed him.  His tongue quickly worked its way into Justin’s mouth where his tongue reached out to meet the invader. Finally, Justin turned his head, “Let’s go in. I need to pee and get out of this tux.”

“I’ve been thinking about getting you out of that since you put it on.” Brian said as he unlocked the door. Justin turned away from him and rushed in.  Justin didn’t want Brian to know but he was feeling sick again. He hadn’t drank much but he probably should have skipped the alcohol altogether.

Brian had hung up his tuxedo jacket and waited and finally knocked on the bathroom door. “Sunshine, you ok in there?”

“I’ll be fine.  Really. Just give me another minute and…”

Brian let himself into the bathroom and found Justin sitting on the toilet.  He had taken off his jacket and draped it over the sink.  His color was again washed out.  “I’m sorry, Bri.  I just feel like… my head … please find the pills in my bag.” Brian grabbed Justin’s jacket to get it out of the way and went to find his pills.  After bringing him a dose and making sure he swallowed the pills, Brian helped him to the bed.  He unbuttoned Justin’s shirt and as Brian hung it up, Justin slipped off his trousers and fell into bed.  

By the time Brian had his own clothes off and hung them all up, he got into bed next to Justin.  He turned the lights off and pulled him close. “I’m sorry, Brian.  I didn’t want tonight to end like this.”

“I did.”

“You wanted me to have a headache?”

“No, Sunshine.  I wanted to be sharing a bed with you, holding you close, and feeling your body next to mine.”

“But…”

“Do you think you can tell me more about my father?”

“Ya, I can do that.” Justin’s body relaxed against him.  He told Brian about Kevin joining the army and how he spent his time in Hawaii working as a medic. Justin continued to talk but his speech got slower and softer and then he stopped talking altogether. Brian’s arms tightened around him. This may not be how he had planned the night but he had what he needed.  He knew his boys were safe and  he had the only man he could ever love in his arms. He kissed the silky blonde hair before closing his own eyes and he drifted off thinking about the father he might be meeting soon.


Brian woke up to the sensation he would never get tired of. Justin’s warm mouth was wrapped around his morning hard on and he was running his tongue around the shaft over and over.  Brian couldn’t stop himself from pulling Justin up.  “Are you up to me screwing your brains out?”

“Oh, god, yes.”

“God? I’ll take that.” Brian laughed as he moved down between Justin’s legs and as he put one leg over his shoulder he sank deep into Justin in one motion.

“Damn, Bri, keep going.  That feels so….”

“Fuck, you feel so good.  Are you feeling that much better?”

“I have never felt better than I do right now?” Justin cried out as he couldn’t hold back and covered Brian’s chest with cum. Brian slid his chest against Justin’s as he continued to thrust. He hung on as long as he could and then Brian arched and shouted as he filled Justin and then dropped on top of him.  After a short time, Brian rolled off of him and pulled him close. “I’m sorry about last night.  It just hit me in the car and…”

“Shut up, Sunshine.  You were what I needed. That is all I needed.” 

Justin picked up his phone as it sounded.  “The boys are fine.  Mom says you are all over the news and wonders what time we will be there for lunch.”

“Just tell her we will be there at noon unless you want to tell her we are both covered with cum and we hope to get even a little stickier before we wash off and come over.”

 

“I doubt it would shock her at all but,” he talked as he texted, “Give the boys each a kiss and we will be there at noon.” And with that Justin tossed his phone on the nightstand and rolling Brian on his back, he straddled his hips and started lowering himself onto Brian’s new erection.                                                                                                              


Chapter 6 by Simply written

Chapter 6


Brian and Justin pulled up right at noon and by the time they got to the door, Molly stood holding Aaron while Gus was jumping up and down as his dads walked in.  Brian lifted Gus high in the air and then hugged him close. “I missed you so much, Gus.”

“I missed you, too, Daddy. And Aaron missed you, too.  He told me so.  Did you know he has a tooth?”

“I did. Come here little guy.” Brian set Gus down and reached for Aaron who flung himself into his daddy’s arms. Brian held onto the little boy for a moment and then ran his finger along his no longer toothless gum. “You are growing up too fast Aaron.”

Justin dropped to his knees to hug Gus. “Daddy J, is your headache better?”

“It is, sweety.  Thanks for asking me.”

“I miss you when you have headaches.”

“Well, it's a good thing I don’t get them very often anymore.”

Justin took Aaron from Brian to snuggle his baby boy.

“Brian, you are all over the news today.  Gus was surprised to see his daddies on TV.” Jenn walked over and hugged her son and Brian.

“You looked so fancy,” Gus blurted.

“Ya, bro, you looked fancy,” Molly snickered.

“You both looked very handsome,” Jenn said.  “No wonder I have the most beautiful grandchildren in the world. And the sweetest.”

As they came to the table, Tuck brought in some grilled burgers and chicken while Jennifer put the rest of the food on the table. The seven of them ate and laughed as Gus and Aaron entertained them all. And once they were done eating, Brian and Justin loaded the boys in the SUV and headed toward Britan. 

Within 15 minutes, both boys were napping in the back so Brian asked, “So Tom and Nate, really?”

“I have always felt sorry for Tom once the club scene was no longer what he wanted.  And then Nate asked if I knew of someone who might be interested in a friends with benefits situation.  I think they are going to be great for each other.”

“You know, I can see that,” Brian commented.  “Tom has always had to be careful.  I couldn’t do it.”

“You realize your father has probably been celebit since you were…”

“So do you think we should go to Atlanta?”

“Brian that is completely up to you.  I haven’t talked to him yet.  I wasn’t thinking about calling him but I wanted to talk to you about it first.”

“Are we home yet, Daddy? I want to play in the snow before it is all melted away.” Gus was looking out at the quickly disappearing snow piles.”

“I think this will be the last  snow of the year. Since we are only a few weeks from Em and James’ wedding, we need the weather to cooperate,” Justin smiled. “Brian, we really do need to be prepared for rain or cold.”

“I don’t even think God would mess with Em on his wedding day.” Justin had to laugh at Brian’s comment.

“I can’t argue with that and he does deserve it.”

Justin carried in a sleeping Aaron and Gus helped Brian carry in the bags.  “Daddy, I saw you with a big statue on TV.  Where is it?”

“Well, it will be brought to my office but I think I will bring the big one home.”

“Yeah, I can’t wait to see it!”

Soon Gus was playing outside the glass doors where Nate soon joined him.  Being a boy who grew up in the south, he couldn’t help but come out and play.  “Nate,” Gus started, “is Father Tom here?”

“Not right now, he isn’t.  He is going to come to my place for dinner.”

“Are you going to have a sleepover again?”

“I don’t know? Normally tomorrow would be Father Tom’s busiest day but since he is on this vacation he might.”

“I’m glad you and Father Tom are friends, I think he needs a friend.”

“Well,” Nate tackled Gus into the only small pile of snow left, “I needed a friend, too.”

“Can I be your friend, too, Nate?”

“Of course you can be my friend, Gus.  A guy can never have too many friends.”  Gus gave him a big hug and a kiss on his cheek.


Brian and Justin went to the office after Ronni laid Aaron down for a nap.  Brian looked at the picture of his father and read through the report Justin had put together with Tom’s files.  He pulled Justin onto his lap and Justin wrapped his arms around him.  “How are you doing with this, Bri? That was a lot to digest.” 

Brian buried his face in Justin’s neck. “Damn, you smell so good.”

“I probably smell of lunch at Mom’s, Aaron’s drool, some sweat…”

“You smell like you. I love you for doing all this for me. Face it, I love everything about you.”

“Are you avoiding my question? How are you doing with this?”

“I think it hasn’t all soaked in yet.  He sounds like someone I would like.  He actually goes out there and works.  He doesn’t just preach down at you.  He works for the people who need help.  Sunshine?”

“Yes?” He kissed Brian’s temple.

“Will you talk to him?” Justin looked down at Brian and for a moment, he didn’t look any older than Gus.  The fear of rejection was written all over his face.  “I know I don’t need him in my life.  I have everything a man could want but….”

“But you want a relationship with your father.”  Justin said as Brian laid his head on Justin’s chest. Justin tilted his head upward and brushed his mouth on Brian’s.  “You are planning on being home all next week, right?”

“I am.”

“Well, I think I might do an overnight trip to Atlanta.”

“Sunshine? Are you sure you should be traveling by yourself? I mean, you just had one of the killer headaches.”

Justin throught for a second.  “What if I brought Em with me? I doubt I will have another one.  I don’t get them very often anymore but, if Em doesn’t have any jobs, he can come with me and we can do a little shopping or wedding decorating.”

“I like that idea, not that I want you to go away. I mean I was gone all last week and now…”

“One night, my love.  Why don’t you go check on the boys? Gus really missed you.  I am going to call Em and then I will be out.”


Later that night, Em lay with one leg draped over James’ naked body.  “I think I’ll tell Justin I can’t go.”

“And why would you do that?”

“I don’t want to be away from you.”

“Emmett Honeycutt, I know you love me and you know I love you.  We are going to have the next 70 years together.  We will have nights we need to be apart but then we will have the nights we are back together and well…”

“You are right, Jamesy.  And while I’m in Atlanta I will find the perfect honeymoon sleep attire for both of us.”

“Em, you know I….”

“But you will wear it for me.” Em trailed his finger down James’ chest and then worked its way down the treasure trail until James sucked in a breath.

“Damn, you know I will do anything for you.”


Monday morning the boys sat at the table with Brian and Justin. “Daddy J, are you sure Daddy can take care of us without you here?”  Gus asked as he got on his knees and hugged Justin around the neck.

Justin’s heart leaped a bit.  He loved his boys so much.  He hated leaving them but this was for Brian. “Oh, your Daddy will do just fine, not to mention Nate will be here along with Ronni.”

“But, Daddy J, Aaron will miss you and what if you get a headache?”

“Oh, Gus, I love you so much.” Justin hugged him tightly. “Uncle Em will be there if I get a headache and Ronni sent along her tea.”

“Ok,” Gus sat back down and continued eating.


Justin hugged and kissed Aaron before handing him over to Nate when he walked in.  Justin said goodbye to Gus and then Brian walked to the front step with Justin.  James was driving them to the airport so Brian and Justin needed to say goodbye at the house. Brian took Justin in his arms, “Thank you, Sunshine. I know you are doing all of this for me. I love you.” He pulled him close and kissed him. “Let me know when you get there and call me tonight.”

“I will, love.  Take care of our boys.” Brian put his bag in the trunk and then bent in the window to kiss Justin once more. 

“Brian, let that poor boy go so we can make our plane.”

“Emmett, you’ll probably have a quickie in the backseat before you let James leave so just fuck off.” With that Brian stood up and James slowly pulled away.

Although Emmett didn’t pull him into the back of the car, James and Emmett stood by the car kissing for several minutes before Justin yanked Emmett’s arm.  “Come on, lover boy.  We will be home by tomorrow night and we don’t want to miss our flight.”

Justin and Emmett didn’t check any bags but by the time they got through security they had just enough time to get on the plane.  Justin had gotten them First Class seats so as soon as they sat down they were given champaign.  “Justin, this is great.” He held up his glass.  Soon they were in the air and had their second glass.  “So, have you talked to Brian’s dad? Did you get an appointment set up with him? How is Brian really doing with all this?”

Justin looked over at Em, “I have an appointment scheduled with him this evening.  Once he gets off, he expects it to be about 6:00, I am meeting him at a local cafe.  I hope you don’t mind doing your own thing tonight.  I think I should meet with him alone tonight.  I promise we will be out and about all day tomorrow and we will fly out at 8:00 tomorrow night.”

“I’ll be good tonight. Don’t worry about me.  I will just order room service and plan our day tomorrow.”

“That sounds great.”

“Justin, you are feeling alright, aren’t you? I mean, you’ll tell me if you start feeling a headache?”

“I’m feeling great, although a little nervous about meeting Kevin.  But since you mentioned it,” Justin called over one of the flight attendants and asked for a cup of hot water.  “I try to drink at least four cups a day for a few days after a headache and then I go back to twice a day.  Your soon to be mother in law is an amazing woman.”

“Look at the son she produced. Damn, I still can’t believe that beautiful man is really mine and I have no doubts he really loves me.”

Justin took his arm. “And why wouldn’t he. Em, he is as lucky as you are.  You two are perfect for each other.”

“I can’t believe we are only a couple weeks away from the wedding.”

“Are the plans going well?”

“As long as the weather cooperates.”

Soon the plane was landing and the next two hours they were disembarking and getting a cab to the hotel.  Once they got settled into the room, Justin stretched out on one of the beds.  Rather laying on the other bed, Em dropped next to him. “I guess I could have gotten us a suite but for one night…”

Em took Justin’s hand, “I don’t mind.  I’ve never been big on being alone.”

“Em, have you heard from your family? Are they coming to the wedding?”

“Well, I know my sister in law is coming.  Nate told me that but he said his dad hasn’t committed yet.” Emmett dropped his head on Justin’s shoulder.  “I decided it would be best if I didn’t know.  I can’t let any negativity ruin my mood.  The people I need will be there. If my family can make it, that will just be added happiness.”

“I’m so glad you realize that.” Justin kissed the top of his head. “And I am really glad you could come along.  Brian wouldn’t have felt right about letting me come alone but he also was not ready to come along.  Don’t let him know I told you but he is really nervous that Kevin won’t want anything to do with him.  And I think he can deal with that as long as he doesn’t meet him but if he meets him and then feels rejected…”

“Seeing Kinney in his public persona you would never think he had any lack of confidence but it just goes to show that everyone can have those feelings. I know he isn’t as tough as he acts.  While you were missing, he became more and more human.”

“He may not want people to realize it but he is as human as the rest of us.  God, I love him.”

“Justin, can I tell you something? You can’t mention it to anyone.”

“What is it, Em?”

“We are starting to look into having kids. We haven’t decided how yet but we want kids soon.  Your boys just show us we want that, too. ”

“Well, maybe we will have another one, too.”

“Really?”

“I would love to have one more.  In some ways Gus is Brian’s, Aaron’s is mine, and now I would like ours.  You know we both love both boys equally but it is what it is.”

The men dozed and when Justin woke, he had a text with the time to meet Kevin.  He didn’t lie to Kevin but he definitely left out the true reason for his visit. He had used his own name, not Kinney. And Kevin would leave with a nice donation no matter what but, depending on how the meeting went, he wasn’t sure if he would use the Kinnetik account or Justin Taylor’s.

Justin kissed Emmett’s cheek.  “I need to go meet Kevin. I will let you know when I am on my way back.”

Justin got a taxi and 15 minutes later he was in a comfortable, working class neighborhood.  He could tell the people in the area took pride in where they lived.  As he got out of the car and paid the driver, he felt a rush of adrenaline.  He walked to the diner.  There was a line waiting to get in but Kevin had texted him five minutes ago and said he had a table for them, so Justin walked past those waiting and entered the diner.  It was one of those classic silver cars.  He could tell it was new but had the old feel to it. 

A woman about his age with one side of her head shaved and the other half was colored like a rainbow stepped up, “Hey, sweetie, I haven’t seen you here before.”  She looked him up and down, “You don’t look like you are in need.  Usually Father Kev meets with someone who is down and out and I can tell from your shoes you definitely don’t need help that way.”  She looked up and saw Justin’s confused look.  “Sorry, Father Kev helped me and Sally out when we were teens and we won’t ever forget it.  He always has a booth but usually it is a young, confused kid or it is someone I know.  You’re new.” The woman, whose name tag said Brandy, stopped talking.  “Sorry, he just told me he  had a donor coming but I didn’t expect someone so young. I got carried away. Last booth on the right.  What can I bring you to drink?”  

“I’ll take an unsweet tea.  Thanks, Brandy.”  She was gone. Justin took a breath and  walked toward the booth.  As he walked he got a glimpse of the attractive middle aged man who was looking at the line of people outside. As Justin walked closer Kevin looked up and locked eyes with him. “Kevin Cain?” Justin offered his hand and Brian’s father reached out and took it.

“Well, Mr. Taylor, I am sorry if I look surprised.  I expected someone much older. I am not one to research possible donors, even though my accountant says I should. Please join me.”  They both sat just as Brandy brought Justin his tea and handed them both a menu. Justin thanked her and Kevin continued. “Don’t take this wrong but, should I know you? Your name rings a bell somewhere in my memory but...”

“If you are asking if I am famous, you would only have heard of me if you are into art.  I have had mild success for my age.”

“Well, how did you hear about our agency? Do you have a connection to…”

Justin decided to tell him his story.  He liked this man already.  “Excuse me, what do you prefer to be called? Kevin, Father Kevin?”

“Most people around here call me Father Kev but Kevin is fine.”

“Kevin, considering what you do for a living, I was in the news a few years ago in Pitts..”

“You are the young man who was beaten and reported dead. What’s it been, a year, since you surfaced?”

“It was a year ago last month. My father is in prison for false imprisonment along with several other charges.”

“You look like you are doing great.”

“I still have some issues with severe migraines but they are getting less common.”

“Have you had time to look at the menu? Sally is on her way over.”

“What’s good?” Justin asked.

“Everything here is amazing,” Father Kev said as Sally walked up.

“You tell him, Father.” She looked at Justin, “Everything is made from scratch.  You’re a cutie.  If I wasn’t into Brandy, you would have to….” She noticed Justin’s wedding ring, “Oh, looks like I am too late.”

“Every good diner has a daily special.  What’s yours?”

“Today it is chicken fried chicken with real mashed potatoes.”

“Justin, you can’t go wrong with the special.  Whatever it is, that’s what I get.”

“That sounds great.” 

“Make it two, Sal.” She walked away and Kevin continued, “So now I know a little about you.  I’d love to know how you found my agency.”

“Well, Kevin, you know I am from Pittsburgh and I know you spent some time there, too.”  That took Kevin aback.

“That had to have taken some digging.  I’m a bit confused.  I thought you were looking into my center.  I didn’t know the life of a priest was so interesting.”

Justin could tell Kevin wasn’t nearly as relaxed as he had been.  “Kevin, I know you were raised in Iowa and then joined the service. How did you meet Anna Claire? Was it through a pen pal program?”

Now his mouth was hanging open. “What is this? Are you some kind of con? I mean if you are, you are out of luck.  Everyone around me knows…”

“I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to make you feel like you were being compromised.” Justin told him he had met Anna at the hospital in an art program.

“How is Anna Claire? I think about her often.”

“Physically, Anna is very healthy and she is very sweet. She remembers you.”

“She probably hates me.  She should.  Obviously she has told you some things or you wouldn’t have tracked me down which by the way, had to have taken some investigating.”

Their food appeared but this time Sally was in and out without talking, seeing they were in a deep conversation.

“Does Anna Claire have visitors? Does anyone, besides you, go see her?”

“Her nephew does, now that he knows she exists.”

“Nephew?” That caught Kevin’s attention.  “Joan’s son or did one of her brothers come back.”

“Kevin, this food is as good as you said it would be.” Justin ate a couple more bites. “Did you know about him? Anna said you knew.  Did Joan want you to marry her?”

“That… my vows as a priest won’t let me say what I am thinking. So are you here for Anna? Joan? The boy?”

“The only reason i see Joan is because her grandson likes to keep in touch with her.  I hate to be in her presence.”

“Well, obviously she hasn’t changed.  She gave birth to a boy?”

“Yes, his name is Brian.  Brian Kinney. You also have a grandson, Gus.”

“Brandy,” Kevin waved at her, “Could you bring us each a beer?”  he looked at Justin, “I don’t know if you drink but if you don’t I know I could use both. How long has he known? Brian. What can you tell me about him?”

“Brian is very successful for someone in their early 30s.  His company is named Kinnetik.”

“I just saw that name this weekend in the business section.  Someone to keep your eye on in advertising. Is he a good friend of yours?”

“He is my best friend. He is also my husband and we are fathers to Gus and Aaron. Brian has his shortcomings but I couldn’t live without that man. He is the one that saved me from my own father.”

Kevin had finished the first beer and as he reached for the second, Justin nodded telling him it was all his. “Justin, this is not how I expected this dinner would go. I thought I would be telling you about my program and see if I could coax an annual payment from some gentleman about my age.  Instead I find out I have a son and grandson. Brian isn’t going to walk in is he?”

“Kevin, you obviously remember Joan.  Can you imagine being raised by a woman like that and be openly gay? Brian didn’t tell his parents until his father was dying.  Joan recently had a stroke and she stayed at our pool house while she recovered. That’s how Gus got to know her. He is the greatest boy.”

“Where’s the phone? I know you have pictures for me to see.”

Justin took the phone out of his pocket but then stopped, “Kevin, does this mean you want to meet Brian? The family? Brian isn’t here for a couple reasons.  First, if you weren’t interested in a relationship he understood but he couldn’t take another father rejecting him, and obviously, you wouldn’t be rejecting him because he was gay. But you're a priest.  A family might be an issue.”

“That is not a problem and I would love to get to know you and your family. I just can’t...I’m sorry, I may need a little time to let this all sink in but I can’t wait to see your family.

Justin’s phone sprung to life and he slipped over to Kevin’s side of the booth and started showing him pictures.

“Um, Father Kev, I thought the two of you would like your normal dessert.” Brandy set down two pieces of apple pie. “If you don’t like apple I have blueberry and chocolate and…”

“This looks great, thanks.”

For the first time in a couple hours Justin and Kevin looked around.  There was no longer a line outside and half the booths were now empty.  “Wow, Brandy, are you trying to be polite? Do you want us out of here?”

“Father Kev, you know you are welcome to stay as long as you want to. Even after the doors are locked you know we are here a couple hours.”

“Can Sally come over or is she still busy?” Brandy went to get her.  “Sally and Brandy are as close to kids as I ever had.  I mean they were the first two to walk into my agency.  They had both been thrown out of their family homes and now I just want to share with them. Is that alright?”

“Of course it is,” Justin smiled.  I think all the pictures should have transferred to your phone now, too.”

The two women dropped into the booth, each holding two beers. They passed one across to Father Kev and Justin. “So what is all this?” Sally asked. “I have never heard you so sucked into something.”

“Well, Justin informed me that… Let me backup just a bit.  Remember when I told you about  the big mistake I made after the war where I lost the love of my life?”

“Of course.  You told us about that when we couldn’t imagine a priest had done anything wrong.”

“Well, ladies, meet Justin Taylor, my son in law. He is married to my son and look at these two gorgeous grandsons I have.” Kevin shared his phone with the women and they oohed and aahed over Gus and Aaron.

“When are you going to meet them?” Sally asked almost as excited as Kevin.

“We haven’t talked about that yet,” Justin said.  “I think it will be fairly soon.” Justin looked at his watch.  It was nearly 10:00 p.m. “I didn’t realize it was so late.  I have a friend that flew down with me who has been at the hotel all night.” He texted Emmett and told him he should be leaving soon.

“When do you leave?” Kevin asked.

“Tomorrow night at this time.”

“I have a busy day but do you think we could meet for dinner tomorrow before you go to the airport.  Your friend is welcome to come, too, of course.”

“I think that should work. That will give you a little time to absorb what you learned.”

Brandy slipped out of the booth, “I’ll call you a cab.” She extended her hand to Sally. “Let’s give them a couple minutes alone and tomorrow we can get the low down on all of it.” She kissed Sally lightly and went to make the call.

“If I can get my calendar cleared in a week or two, do you think that will work with Brian.”

“He will make anything work.  Kevin, he is going to be so excited as well as scared. He has had so much rejection in his life.”

“I hope I can help him get over that.”

“I know you will.”

“Do you think I could see Anna?”

“I can probably arrange that,” Justin said as the cab drove up.  We will be here at 6:00 tomorrow.” Justin gave Kevin a hug and as he separated he kissed his cheek. “I am so glad I found you.”

Sally walked up to the two men, “Let me take a picture of the two of you.” Justin handed his phone over to her and she snapped a couple pictures.

“Thanks, Sally, that was a great idea.”


“When you texted I was about to call you.  Brian has texted me at least three times asking if you are here yet.”

“I am going to give him a call and then I promise to tell you all about it.” Justin went out on the small balcony and sat down, shutting the door behind him. He called Brian.

“Where have you been? Emmett said you weren’t back at the hotel.” Brian’s voice was harsh and snarky.

“Brian, how are the boys? No more teeth yet?” Justin asked, knowing Brian was just stressed, not knowing what had happened.

“I’m sorry, Sunshine. It just got so late and…”

“Brian, he’s a wonderful man.  He hopes you will want to meet with him soon. Let me send you a picture.” He sent the picture they had taken about 30 minutes ago. “Brian, he looks like you.  A couple things he did reminded me so much of you.”

Brian was quiet for a second. “I...ya, and he has hair,” Brian said laughing a bit.

“Brian he wants to see you.  He wants to meet the boys.  He wants to see Anna.  Brian, he knew there was a baby but he didn’t know if it was a boy or girl and he didn’t want to interrupt your life.  He had no idea what kind of life you had and you and I both know, it was different back in the 70’s.  If he had made trouble, he would have been a castoff.  He felt the best thing would be to help others. He felt he had messed up his entire life so he had to find something to make up for it.” It was quiet at the other end.  “Love, you there?”

“I am, Sunshine.  When will you be home?”

“It will be after 2:00 in the morning.  We leave at 10:00 tomorrow night, after we have dinner with Kevin and a couple of his friends.”

“I wish I could be there but I just couldn’t... I miss you.”

“Kiss the boys for me. I love you, darling.”

“I love you, Sunshine.” The line went dead and after Justin wiped a stray tear away.  He stood up.  He loved that man and his boys so much.  He really hoped they could think about having another child. They had so much love to give.

“Come here, honey.  We are both missing our men tonight.”

Justin pulled on some shorts and crawled into bed with Emmett.  “Let’s just not mention the sleeping arrangements.  You know if Bri would ask, I wouldn’t lie but Brian is so stressed I just don’t want him to blow up for no reason.”

“Yes, I have to feel a little sorry for him, although it is obvious he has had a really good year, too.” Em wrapped his long arms around Justin and held him lightly.  The arms were so like Brian’s and yet so different. “Justin, should I be nervous about getting married?”

“You know the marriage is exactly what you need. Is everything for the wedding ready?”

“Ronni and Nate, along with Tracy and her crew, this is going to be some party.”

“Then that leads me to ask, why are you worrying?”

“Because I can’t stop thinking about my family. I know Mama will be looking down and smiling on me but I just wish my daddy could accept me for the man I am and not keep thinking about the man he wishes I was.  He has a couple other sons who are just like him. Can’t he just let me be me?”

It was Justin’s turn to turn over and put his arms around Em.  “Em, Brian said basically the same thing last night.  He told me what he had was all he needed but he still hoped he could have a relationship with Kevin.  You know James is the only man for you but every boy wants his dad. I know that feeling, too, even though it is very different now. Now, I protect Aaron from him.” Justin  said softly, “We are all really lucky to have each other.”

“You are so right, Justin. I love you.”

“Love you, too, Em.  Now, let’s get to sleep.  I have a feeling you have a big day planned for us.”


By noon Em had Justin in his third sex toy shop. “Em, I need to call the boys. I’ll be right outside.” Justin found a bench in the shade and called home. 

“Daddy J is that you? Ronni said you were going to call.”

“Hi, Gus, I miss you.”

“When are you coming home?” he questioned.

“I will be home tomorrow.  I might sleep a little late because it will be very late when I get home.  How about if I have lunch with you?”

“I guess I can wait that long.”

“Is your daddy around?”

“DADDY!” Gus yelled loudly.  “Daddy J is on the phone.”

It wasn’t long when he heard, “Hey, Sunshine, everything on for today?”

“Yes and thanks to Em’s itinerary, I have a couple new toys for us to try out soon.”

“Oh, I like the sound of that.”

“Brian,  have you talked to Em’s family lately? That is the only thing that has him stressed.”

“I have tried calling him.  He is actually a very nice man. I have a feeling his mom was the personality for the couple.  Bennett is soft spoken and a man with convictions. He just can’t seem to get over his hangups.”

“Brian, maybe you could fly down there and talk to him.”

“We’ll talk about it tomorrow.”

“Here come Em.  I’ll talk to you before we take off tonight. Bri, I love you.”

“Love you, DADDY!” Gus’ voice came just as the phone went dead.

Emmett and Justin spent the next few hours getting a new wardrobe for the honeymoon.  It mostly consisted of swimsuits and shorts for both Em and James. Before going to the diner, they stopped at the hotel where they had left their bags for the day.  They had a drink at the hotel since they had a little extra time and Justin filled Em in on Brandy and Sally.


Sally had spent a good part of her day looking into this Brian Kinney.  Father Kev meant the world to her and Brandy. If he hadn’t been there they would both probably have ended up selling themselves on the streets. She wanted to make sure Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor were on the up and up and not planning some vendetta.

Father Kevin arrived at 5:30 per Sally’s request and the three of them sat down to talk about what she uncovered. He hugged both of his girls.  “So did you two actually take the night off?”

“We did,” Brandy said.  “It is a good way for the new assistant to run the place but have us here in case she needs something. We are going to use the back room.  That way I can’t get distracted and let work distract me.”

“You two make me so proud, the way you run this business.”

“Well, if it wasn’t for you we would have never gotten the schooling and training we needed.”

“It was your determination.  Now, what have you found about my son.”

“Your son is as hot as his husband,” Sally sighed.

“You know being with a bisexual isn’t always easy.” Brandy scowled at Sally.

“Bran, you know my heart belongs to only you but I can’t help it if hot men still turn me on and you have benefitted so don’t complain.”

“That is true,” Brandy kissed Sally.

“Um, ladies, my son?”

“Oh, Father Kev, from everything I could see he is an amazing guy.  He had a few issues as a teen and early twenties but he was usually in trouble for good causes and as his business started doing better, he started donating more and more to good charities and groups. He spent a lot of money tracking down Justin and that is a whole story in itself but I would say your son got a lot of your best qualities. I couldn’t find one thing that I disagreed with.”

“I know a little bit about Justin’s story.  They both lost out in the father department but I bet they are great fathers,” Kevin commented.

“Since your son just won a huge reward, there were a couple articles in online magazines this week.  Your grandchildren are adorable and it looks like they kind of run a commune using a village to raise the boys. Please tell me if you ever go up there we can go, too?  I mean look at the pictures of their home. They call it Britan.”

The diner was filling up around them as they got to their busier time.  Justin and Em walked in at 6:00 on the dot. Brandy led them to the back room where, by now, the computer was put away and drinks were already on the table as well as a variety of appetizers.

Justin heard Em purr when he saw Kevin. “Emmett, let me introduce you to my new friends.  First, Kevin, this is Emmett Honeycutt.  He has known Brian even longer than I have.”

“Nice to meet you, Emmett.”

“Very nice to meet you.  Your son and I don’t always see eye to eye but I would give my life for him and he would do the same for me.”

“I love hearing that.  Let me introduce my sudo daughters.  This is Brandy and this is Sally.” Em shook hands with both of them. The next two hours they spent talking about Brian as they ate and drank.  Brandy went back and forth grabbing different food for them but too soon it was time for Em and Justin to head to the airport.

“I hope you don’t mind if I drive you to the airport,” Kevin said as the time arrived to leave.

“Oh, Kevin, we don’t want to put you out.  We can get a taxi.”

“Absolutely not.  We’re family now. At least I hope we are.” He draped an arm around Justin’s shoulders.

“We’re family.” 

Kevin pulled up at the airport and let them get out. He gave Emmett a hug and wished him well on his marriage and then he hugged Justin. “I am so glad you came down. I can’t wait to meet the rest of your family.”

“As soon as Emmett’s wedding is over we will get a date locked down.”

“I have an idea,” Em said quickly.  “Come to our wedding. I would love for you to meet my James.  Bring the girls.  They can stay at our place because we will be gone.  They can sleep in our guest room and Brian and Justin have plenty of room in their house for you. Damn, we need to go, Justin. Father Kev, I will email your invitation and the invitation for Sal and Brandy.  Please come.”

“I will check into it.” Kevin smiled as he watched them walk toward the terminal.

“Oh, Kevin, I almost forgot.” Justin said, rushing back to him and handed him a piece of paper before going back to Em and into the building. 

Kevin looked at what he was handed and opened it up.  It was a check.  He looked at it twice and once  he got in the car, he looked at it again.  “Holy shit!” he quickly crossed himself. He had seen it correctly.  It was from Justin Taylor and was made out for $50,000.


Once Justin and Emmett got settled into the seats, they both nearly melted into the seats.  Justin quickly texted Brian letting him know they were scheduled to land after midnight as expected. Brian just returned with an OK.

“I hope Brian can deal with all this.  I thought this would be the best time since he is taking a little time off at work but now I wonder if that is giving him too much time to think. We both know he overthinks.”

“Sunshine, he just needs time with you.  You know how to deal with him.  I hope you don’t mind me inviting them to the wedding.  I just thought it might be the perfect time since Brian is still off and if it goes too long, Brian will just get stir crazy if he doesn’t meet him.”

“Em, you know Brian as well as I do.”

“Well, I wouldn’t say that, especially in some areas.” He smiled at Justin, “but I have known him for a long time and I think I know how his mind works.”

“Thanks for coming with me, Em.  You really made this trip so much easier for me.”

“It was a perfect little trip for me to.  You know how I love to shop!”  Em smiled.  “Now, I am going to sleep so when we get home…”  He pushed Justin’s head down on his shoulder and he dropped his own head on top of it.”


When the plane landed, both Brian and James met them. Once greetings were done, Brian held James held Emmett’s hand as he pulled out into traffic while in the back, Brian held onto Justin tightly.  “Who is with the boys?” 

“Ronni has the monitors tonight.  She is sleeping in the room next to Gus so until noon tomorrow she has them along with Nate’s help. Tell me more about my dad.”  

As Justin spoke softly, Brian’s hand unzipped his fly and as Justin enjoyed Brian’s ministrations, Brian listened to every bit of new knowledge Justin was telling him about his father.  With perfect timing, Brian bent down and took Justin’s erection into his mouth. “God, I’ve missed you, darling.”



Chapter 7 by Simply written

Chapter 7


Justin and Brian dropped in bed at 3:00 and they talked about Kevin until they both drifted off. When Justin woke at 9:30 he found Brian looking down at him. He slowly lowered his mouth until it brushed against Justin’s. Nothing was said but the kiss ignited both of them and soon they lay naked in a sheen of perspiration as they used their hands and mouths bringing each to orgasm over and over.  They finally both lay on the bed with arms and legs wrapped around each other as their body temperatures and heart beats returned to normal. 

“So Kevin is coming to Em and James' wedding?”

“He wasn’t sure he could cover his job but if he can, I am sure he will be here.”

“Damn! That’s only like ten days away.”

“If you would rather not, he would understand.  I know he would. We could…”

“No, if he is ready to come, it is fine with me.”

“He wants to see Anna but he didn’t mention your mom.” Justin rested his head on Brian’s shoulder.

“I like him already. Are you going to talk to the hospital?”

“Yes, and to Anna. I hope she will see him.”

“Justin, I can’t believe I am even saying this but, I am going to be gone tomorrow.  I hope to get back tomorrow night.”

“Did something come up for work?”

“No, I am flying to Mississippi. I called Bennett and am going to have lunch with him.  I will fly right back home.”

“Oh, Brian, you are going to be in the air most of the day. You couldn’t talk to him on the phone?” Justin now hovered over Brian.  “I know you need to do this. And I love you all the more for it. One more round?”

Brian responded by grabbing Justin’s hips and began to lower him as his erection reached to meet him.


As Brian and Justin pulled on clothes after a long hot shower there was a timid knock on the door and a small voice came through it, “Daddies are you awake.  Ronni said I can’t wake you up but I really want to see you.” Justin tugged his shirt over his head and went to open the door.  Gus flung himself into his arms.  “Oh, Daddy J, I missed you so much!” Justin picked him up and held him tight. 

How could he love this small human so much? “Oh, I missed you, too, Gus.  And I missed your brother.”

Justin looked over at Brian and winked, “Didn’t your Daddy take good care of you?”

“Of course he did and I took care of him but we both need you to take care of all of us,” Gus said.

“Gus, that is one of the nicest things you have ever said.”

Brian walked over and took Gus throwing him in the middle of their big bed and then dove on the little boy, catching himself on his elbows so he wouldn’t actually hurt  his son. And then shrieks and giggles came from Gus as Brian began to play with him.   Through the giggling Gus finally said, “Oh, ya, Ronni said if you are ready, it’s lunch time.”

“Well, we better get moving.  We don’t want Ronni mad at us.” Brian said as he scooped the still squirming Gus up and the three of them moved toward the kitchen. 

Just as they entered, Justin’s phone rang.  “I’ll be right back.” Looking at the display, he saw it was Kevin.  “Hey, Kevin. I hope you slept well last night.”

“Glad you made it home safely.  I wish I could say I did sleep well. I have to admit I went into the office and stalked my son, well all of you. Do you think Emmett really meant to invite me to his wedding?”

“Oh, yes.  I know he did and I think it is the perfect time to meet Brian. Kevin, we are just up to have lunch with the boys.  You start making plans and we will talk later and get plans in place.”

“I can’t wait to meet your boys. Justin, I am just so excited.”

“So are we, Kevin.  We haven’t told Gus yet but he will be so excited to have a grandfather.”

“I will talk to you soon. Go enjoy your family.”

“Don’t eat mine!” Justin called as he walked into the kitchen.

Brian and Justin spent the day with the boys.  They sent everyone else out of the house for the day.  Ronni was scheduled off at noon anyway and they knew Emmett could use Nate for wedding plans. Brian and Justin touched and kissed as often as they could as they passed each other.   While Aaron napped and Gus ‘rested’ on the sofa watching a show, Justin led Brian to the other side of the room and softly said, “Kevin is coming to the wedding.  I will talk to him tomorrow to get details.”

Brian’s first reaction was excitement but then Justin saw the tension seep in.  “Is he going to stay here? Is he coming alone? Is he…”

Justin wrapped his arms around Brian’s waist. “Brian, he can’t wait to meet you.  You are the victim here and in some ways, Kevin is a victim, too.  He is not going to blame you for who you are.  In fact, he likes who you are. You do not need to prove yourself to him.”

“Can it really be that easy? I have never just….”

“I loved you the day I met you. I could see your heart.  I am so glad I remember that.”

“Daddy J, is Daddy sad about something?” Gus had walked up without them noticing.

“No, son,” Brian said as he picked Gus up and set him on the kitchen counter. Sometimes I just need your Daddy J to remind me he loves me.”

“I love you, too, Daddy.”

“I know, I am a very lucky guy.  I just sometimes forget that.”

“Do you forget it because of my grandma? I know she isn’t very nice to you.“

“But that’s Ok because I know all of you love me and who could need more than that?”

“Can we go outside for a while?” Gus asked.

“You two go ahead.  I am going to check on Aaron and he and I will decide what to have for dinner.”


It was definitely feeling  like spring outside.  The snow had all melted and as Brian and Gus walked hand in hand, Gus noticed some flowers coming up in some of the beds. As they walked, Brian noticed Gus had gotten quiet.  As they walked past the back side of the pool Brian led him over to one of the chairs and sat down pulling him onto his lap. “Gus, I get the feeling you have something on your mind.”

“Daddy, did I do something wrong?”

“Why do you ask that, Gus?” Tears started streaming down his face and Brian held him close. “Oh, Gus, what is wrong? Did someone hurt you?”

“Daddy, why don’t my mommies want to see me?  Don’t they love me anymore?”

Brian’s heart shattered.  He knew they had been having personal issues but it had been over a year since they had seen him.  How could they do that? “Well, Gus, I am waiting to hear from them but I think at least one of your moms is coming for the wedding but if for some reason they can make it, I promise you that this summer we will go visit them.”

“But, Daddy, what if they don’t want to see me? What if that is why they are staying in Europe?”

“Oh, son, how could that be?” Gus shivered. “Why don’t we go see what your daddy and brother are up to?” Brian wiped Gus’ eyes and then his own. He carried Gus to the house and, once Gus was distracted with his trucks and Aaron, he walked over to Justin.

“Bri, what’s going on? What’s wrong?”

“I need to call his mothers, now.”

Justin didn’t need anything else.  They would talk about it later but obviously Gus said something.  As he watched Brian walk to the office he was glad he wasn’t going to be on the other end of that conversation. He also hoped Brian nailed them to the wall. He hated being away a day and they had been gone a year.

Brian was incensed.  He poured a large whiskey and drank it before pouring another one. He then called Lindsay.  She talked to Gus once or twice a month but it was to the point Brian and Justin just passed the phone to Gus because they were both tired of excuses. 

“Brian, is something wrong? Has something happened to Gus?” Lindsay asked when she saw who was on the line.

“Would you care if there was?”

“Brian, you are talking about my son.”

“No we are talking about our son and by ours I mean Justin and mine.”

“Brian, are you drunk? It isn’t even dinner time.”

“Fuck you! No I am not drunk.  I have been dealing with a heartbroken boy who thinks his mothers don’t love him anymore.”

“Brian, you know that isn’t true.  Of course I love Gus.  I miss him.”

“It has been a year since you saw him.”

“Well, you could have brought him to see me!”

“So it is me? Where is Mel?”

“Not here. Are you avoiding me? You could have brought him here!”

“If you remember Justin tried to set up a trip but you couldn’t possibly make it work when it would have worked for us.”

Now Lindsay started to whine, “Well, Mel left me here and I had to find a roommate and that meant I don’t have room for Gus, and…”

“Lindsay, here is the deal. If you don’t make it for Emmett’s wedding, we start custody procedures. Your son still loves you but I will not let you string him along. No mom is better than one who doesn’t care.” With that Brian hung up.

Brian circled Justin’s shoulders and kissed his neck.  “Everything Ok, Bri?”

“I told Lindsay if she doesn’t show up for the wedding, I’m starting custody procedures,” he whispered. “We can’t tell him until we know it is a sure thing.”

“I agree. If you could change Aaron’s diaper, I will finish getting dinner ready.


Nate made Emmett a martini and told him to sit down and drink it. He had brought him down several times. Emmett kept asking Nate if he had talked to any of the family.  Nate knew the only person his Uncle Em really wanted to know about was his dad and that he didn’t know.  

James walked in and saw Em with the martini and glanced at Nate.  Nate mouthed the word ‘family’ and James poured himself a soda and sat down next to Em. Before Emmett could say anything he kissed him all the way down to a prone position.  After kissing for several minutes, James said, “When is dinner going to be ready?”

“30 minutes.  Tom will be joining us to review the final wedding details.”

“Emmett Honeycutt, will you join me in the bedroom for 30 minutes?”  James didn’t give him time to respond.  He pulled him up and pushed him down the hall to their room. 

Nate hoped Tom would be able to stay the night. And if he did he felt tonight would be the night for Tom to introduce him to the other side of lovemaking.  He had been preparing himself with the help of some of Emmett’s toys.  Now he wanted to feel Tom….god, he got hard thinking about it.  He loved being inside Tom but he had a feeling it could even be better, although he wasn’t sure how.

By the time Emmett and James came back to the main room 40 minutes later, they found Tom and Nate in each other's arms but the second they realized they weren’t alone they separated.  Emmett, who was much more relaxed after time with James smiled at his nephew and the priest. “You know I understand why the two of you are as careful as you are but please know that whatever goes on in this house will not leave this place.”

“We know that Uncle Em but if we are too friendly in front of you, who knows if we will accidentally do the same in front of others.  I love kissing Tom but we aren’t in love. We love each other but totally know that neither of us need to be in love right now. Why don’t you pour the wine.  The food is ready.”

Two hours later, Tom and Nate walked side by side to the poolhouse.  “That meal was awesome.  If I keep eating here so much I am going to have to get bigger clothes.”

“Or we could go to a nudist colony and just not wear any.” Nate kissed his cheek. “Tommy?”

“Yes?” Tom smiled over at him, patting Nate’s ass.

“I’m ready.”

“Ready?”

“Yes, ready.”

Tom took a couple more steps and then stopped and reached for Nate’s far arm so he could turn him to look directly at him. “Nate, are you sure? I mean you don’t need to for me.  I love it when I feel you up my ass.”

“And I love being there but I just think….well, I have a feeling, damn!” He took Tom’s hand and put it on his crotch so he could feel his erection.  “This week all I have to do is think about you screwing me and this happens.”

“Well, who am I to deny you.”

“Be gentle, but not too gentle.” Nate started sprinting to his place with Tom right behind him.


Brian and Justin went to bed as soon as they had the boys down.  They hadn’t gotten a lot of sleep last night and by the time the boys got up Brian would be on a plane to Mississippi. “Brian, do you have a plan? Do you know what you’re going to say?”

“Stop being a jerk and come to your son’s wedding?” Justin swatted Brian and Brian pinned him to the mattress. He brought his mouth down on Justin for a lingering kiss.  “I am going to tell him what a good man his son is and how many people love him and how much he could use his dad there.”

“You met his dad.” Justin pushed Brian back down on the bed and laid his head down on him. “I think Bennett has always known  Emmett is the child most like him.  Em is passionate about what is important to him.  The problem is Bennett’s passion was misled and now he doesn’t know how to redirect it.”

“You’re the one that should be going.  You are so much better at that kind of stuff.” Brian tilted Justin’s head up and claimed his lips again.  This time he was much more demanding. “Well, if you’re going to make me do this, you are going to need to share some of your knowledge.”

“Well, the only knowledge I can think of right now is what I know about sex.”

“Just what i am looking for.” Justin slid down Brian’s lithe body and claimed what he wanted.”


“Bend over, Nathan.  I am going to take this nice and slow. If you want me to do anything different just tell me.” Tom squeezed some lube on his finger and reached around Nate and began to stroke his cock and as he did so he began to run his fingertip down the the valley between his cheeks, Tom began to apply pressure and let his finger slide in, first only up to the first knuckle but then he began to sink in further and then focused on Nathan’s prostate.

“Oh, god!” Nate whimpered.

“Yes, he made our bodies a wonderful playground, didn’t he?” Tom began sliding a second finger in with the first. “Am I hurting you?”

“Hurt me, please! Hurt me!”

Tom removed his fingers and had him lay down on the bed.  “You are so much more flexible than I am.  Let’s try this,” Tom placed Nathan’s ankles on his shoulders and then looking directly into Nate’s eyes and as he did he slipped on a condom and slid in, in a slow, steady movement and as Nate couldn’t hide his discomfort, Tom claimed his mouth and thrust in all the way causing Nate to cry out. Once Tom gave him a minute he started to move and soon Nate’s cry was anything but pain.  Within moments, Nathan climaxed so hard, Tom was worried he had passed out. 

Tom dropped next to him and collected him close. “That was beyond everything I could ever imagine.  Is it always like that, Tom?”

“Just like everything in life, things are rarely the same twice, but with the right person, it is always good.  Even when you don’t see stars as you lay together like this, maybe it is the heat from the body next to you that keeps your inner soul smoldering. Now, let’s shower and put on some fresh sheets.  And then I want to smolder next to you until morning.”


Justin woke up at 4:00 a.m. and reached for Brian.  The bed was still warm but it was empty.  Then he heard the water in the shower start so he got out of bed and as quietly as he could he slipped into the shower just as Brian stuck his head under the water.  Justin picked up  the bottle of shampoo, squeezed some out  and when Brian moved a step out of the spray, Justin began massaging his head.  Brian jumped but then relaxed as Justin’s fingers rubbed the shampoo through the thick hair. Brian turned as he stepped back under the water and pulled Justin against him.  

“I didn’t mean to wake you up but damn, I’m glad you’re here.” Brian kissed Justin as they slid their hands over the other’s slick body. 

“You know you are going to be back for dinner.”

“I know but just seeing my gorgeous husband naked and,” Brian’s hand slid across the head of his erection, “seeing he is happy to see me, is making me feel better.” Brian pressed Justin against a glass wall and slid into him.  Brian’s mouth was by Justin’s ear and said, “God, how can I love you more every day?”

“I love you, too, Brian.” Justin said as he shot cum all over the glass of the shower. Brian wrapped his arm tightly around Justin’s shoulders as he climaxed.


A half hour later, Justin was again in bed as Brian drove out of Britin to the airport. Justin’s body still tingled from their lovemaking. He drifted back to sleep.  He would need to be up soon enough.

When his phone rang, Justin was confused.  Had he just fallen asleep? Had he been sleeping hours?  He picked it up and saw 6:00 and saw it was Mel.  He pressed answer.

“Where the hell is he? Why isn’t he answering?”

“Well, Mel, nice to hear from you.  I’m fine, thanks for asking?”

“Justin, I don’t have time for this shit. What the hell is Kinney threatening?”

“I don’t think he is threatening anything.  Neither of you have found our son important enough to come see him and it is destroying him a little every day.”

“Don’t be so dramatic.  We’ve been really busy and, well, we don’t see each other all that often.  I have been in Spain and Lindz has been in Greece most of the time.”

“Ya, it has been a breeze here with me having brain surgery and Brian’s mom having a stroke and living with us for three  months but I am sure we could have found time to take two small boys to Europe because their fucking, selfish mothers couldn’t come visit there 5 year old!”

“That’s not fair or true. Justin we…”

“If both of you aren’t here next weekend for Emmett’s wedding, don’t plan to see Gus again and even if you are here, this isn’t over. If you need a hotel room, I’ll text which one we have rooms available at.”

“We thought we would stay there with…”

“Sorry we don’t have any rooms available. I have to go.  I have boys that are waking up.”  And with that, Justin hung up on her.

He almost felt a little giddy as he got out of bed.  “Daddies!” Gus came running in and stopped short. “Where is Daddy.  He was supposed to be home all week.  Did he have to go to work?”

Justin picked Gus up and gave him a cuddle.  “I think I hear your brother. We can talk while we get him.” He walked across the hall.  “Your daddy is doing something very nice for your Uncle Em but he will be home by dinner tonight.”

“Ok.  As long as he will be home today.”  Justin set Gus on the floor and picked up Aaron who was all smiles this morning. As Justin changed him, Gus kissed him and talked to his brother making it easier for Justin to get him changed.

The three moved downstairs and Justin was so happy to smell bacon and then he realized he heard Tom and Nathan’s voices. Gus disappeared from Justin’s side the moment he heard Tom.

“Hey, Gus!” Tom quickly moved from Nathan’s side and high fived his little friend.

“Father Tom, did you have a sleepover again?”

“I came to talk to Emmett and James about their wedding next week and it just got a little late and Nate said I could stay with him.”

“I wish you could live here all the time.”

“Well, I have to be by my church most of the time but I will be here from time to time.” 

Justin put Aaron in his chair before walking over to pour a cup of coffee. He noticed Nate’s movements as he made eggs and knew what he was feeling this morning. He gave him a hug. “If you want to soak in our tub later or the hot tub outside would feel good, too. Your muscles are probably a little tight this morning.”

“Oh, but it was so worth it. It was So amazing.  I had no idea it would feel…”

“It has been so long since my first time.  I am almost jealous. Bus seriously, after Tom leaves take a soak. We have some great oils by the tub that helps you relax your muscles.”

“I think I will take you up on that.” Nate looked up and smiled at Tom, “The food’s ready if you all want to sit down.”

Before they finished eating Em walked into the kitchen. “Where’s Mr. Ad Man of the year?”

“Daddy is doing something for you.  Didn’t you know?” Gus said to Em, who was pouring himself a cup of coffee and filled a small plate with some of the leftovers.

“What’s he doing?” Emmett, looked at Justin.

“That is none of your business.  Your special day is almost here and if we want to do something for you, you can’t ask questions.” Nate stood, moving slowly as he started to clear the table.  Tom got up to help. 

Emmett watched  Nate move and all of the sudden realized what he was seeing.  He got up and rushed over to him and hugged him.  “You and I need to talk but answer me this, what is good?”

“It was SO good.” Nate reached for more dishes.  “Help me clean this up and we can start with your wedding apps.”


Brian disembarked from the plane and soon he was in a cab heading to Emmett’s childhood home. When Brian had talked to Bennett earlier in the week he had been surprised at his willingness to speak to him. Bennett had sounded apprehensive but to Brian’s surprise, he agreed right away.  Brian notified him he was on his way and on the way he had the cab stop at the little bakery he and Justin had found when they were there for the funeral.  He remembered Emmett saying it was one of his family's favorite places.  He bought a box with a half dozen pastries and two dozen cookies. One dozen for Bennett and the other to bring home to his boys. 

When they were there for the funeral they had not been to the house.  It was a small, quaint house and Brian was trying to imagine all of Emmett’s siblings living in that small place. He raised his hand to knock but before he touched the door, it opened. The slim older man opened the door.

“Mr. Kinney, I feel like I have a celebrity visiting.  You have made the news all the way down here last week.”

“I am hardly a celebrity.It’s Brian and I did have a very good year this past year which I hope means I will be able to spend a lot more time with my family.”

“Oh, Enid would have my hide.  What am I thinking? Come in.” Brian walked through the open door and then handed Bennett the pastries and one dozen of the cookies.  

“This box is for my boys.” Brian said as he followed Bennett through the cramped living room. Brian noticed all the family pictures on the walls.  He saw Emmett as a kid with his big goofy smile and then as he got older, the smile wasn’t always as candid but then he found one of Em with his mom in his high school graduation and the love he had for her was so obvious.  

“I know our house isn’t much.  I saw a few pictures of your place when Emmy was here for his mama.”

“You have a very comfortable home, Mr. Honeycutt.  The house I grew up in was not much bigger and there was no love.  These walls show the love you gave your family.”

“Bennett, please.” Bennett said as he got some plates and mugs and then came back with a carafe of fresh coffee.  “I was never very good at this kind of thing.  Enid was the perfect hostess. Can you still say the word hostess? Or is that not correct? Should it be host? It’s so hard these days to know what to call people.”

Brian could hear the heaviness in Bennett’s voice.  “Sir, how are you doing?”  He looked up and saw Bennett swallow hard a couple times.

“I’m alright.  My kids and grandkids come over but the house is always empty.”

Brian wished Justin was here.  He always knew exactly what to say and do. Jenn had taught him how to open his heart.  They drank coffee and ate a pastry in silence for several moments. 

“Brian, I am benefitting from your visit,” he raised his cookie, “but I know you didn’t leave your busy life just to go to the bakery. I know I’m not as quick as I used to be but I am guessing this is about the wedding coming up.

“Bennett, do you remember the day you married Enid?”

“I will never forget it.  That was the day I became whole.  She completed me.  Everytime I looked at her, before the wedding, at the wedding and the 50 plus years we were together. I always knew my life was good because of her.”

“I feel the same way about my husband.” Brian saw Bennett flinch a bit at the use of the word husband. “The day I met Justin, I knew how special he was and I never thought I would deserve anyone like him and then I lost him for almost two years. He had changed my life in the nine months I knew him and I knew there would never be another for me.  When I found him again, I knew I would never lose him again.”

“I can’t say I understand but I can see how much you care about each other.”

“Bennett, what if your father had come up to you the week before your wedding and said if you married Enid, your family would no longer support you, what would you have done?”

“I would have married her.” Bennett sat up straight.  I couldn’t be happy without her.”

“Would you have been happy without your family?”

“No, but Enid was part of me.  I would have made the adjustment even if I would have hated it.”

“Emmett’s been doing it for years.  He has had to adjust because his father, you, have been confused for years. Emmett has found his Enid.  Emmett became complete the minute he met James but when you find your other half, doesn’t mean you don’t need your father, your family.”

Brian filled his coffee mug and took another bite of the cookie. “I can’t tell you what you need to do but, Bennett, please think about it.  What would Enid want you to do? Nathan’s mom has all the details.  We have a hotel room for you and we have a plane that will pick you up right here.” Brian stood, “I have a plane to catch soon so I need to get going but if you don’t mind I am going to say one more thing.  I see all the pictures on your walls and the love you have for your family is obvious to me.  I know I would do anything I could for my boys.  Seeing them happy is all that is important to me and I would do anything to make sure they were.  I think, Bennett, you feel the same way for your family, and not just some of them, all of them.” He picked up his box of cookies and walked to the door, Bennett following.  “Sir, I hope to see you soon.”  With that, Brian walked out the door to the waiting cab.

As he rode back to the airport to catch his flight back home he reviewed his conversation and hoped he had done enough.


It was later in the afternoon before Nathan and Emmett sank into the hot tub out on the pool deck.  “Damn, that feels great.” Nathan said as he sank up to his chin in the hot bubbling water.  

“Was it good for you?”

“Emmy, are you asking me about my sex life?”

“No, Nate, I want to make sure he treated you well.” Emmett draped his arms around the edge of the spa.

Nate moved close to Emmett and Em pulled his nephew close. “Tom is so sweet. And he is so worried about my reaction.” Nate dropped his head on his uncle’s shoulder and sat there quietly for several moments. “Are you nervous?”

“Nervous? About the wedding? No.  I’ve been dreaming about my wedding most of my life and my husband was never as beautiful as James.  What I am nervous about is marriage. What if James wakes up one morning and says ‘What the hell was I thinking? I am a Jamaican god and I’m here with this scrawny chicken.’”

“James would never do that!  He loves you so much.  You two are perfect for each other.”

“I hope you’re right,” Em kissed his cheek and Nate gave them a little space. “Nate, you and Tom, I don’t want you to get hurt.  Are you alright with that situation? I have seen the way he looks at you and the way you look at him.”

“We really like each other.  No, we love each other but we are not in love with each other.  Tom will never leave his profession and I would never even think about asking him but I am not ready for that.  I don’t even know who I am. I don’t know what I am.”

“You are a wonderful, loving human being.  Have you had a chance to work on a gown?”

“I have been sketching but with the wedding I decided to wait. I do like the ideas I have come up with.” Nate looked at him, “I get so confused sometimes.  I look in the mirror and I just don’t think the person looking back is really me.”

“Who should be looking back?”

“I called her Natalia back home.”

“Well, Natalia, we can find you someone to start talking to any time you want to.”

“Thank you, Uncle Em.  I will think about it. I have to be ready.”

“Just know I am here when you are ready. You have all our support.”

“I love you, Emmy.”

“I love you, too. I’m getting out of here before I turn into one big wrinkle.”

“Ya, I think I will go do some sketching.” The two climbed out of the tub and while Nate grabbed a towel and made a dash to the pool house,  Emmett went into the main house to dress before heading home.


Brian was so happy to be home.  It was only 5:00 pm but he had left twelve hours earlier and had flown 1,000 miles. He wanted an early dinner, snuggles on the couch and an early bedtime with Justin.  Maybe a long soak in the tub would be nice, too. He pulled into the garage and as the door went down, Justin came into the garage, shutting the door to the house.

Justin opened the door to the SUV and pulled Brian out by the front of his shirt. Justin demanded a kiss that made Brian’s insides melt. Brian moved so he could shut the door and Justin started leading him away from the vehicle. “Sunshine, I need to grab cookies I picked up.” Brian took the cookies off the seat as they walked toward the house door. Justin took the box out of Brian’s hand and set them on a table near the door but pulled Brian toward the stairs. 

“Ronni had the boys.  Dinner is in an hour and you and I are going up to the studio.”

Moving up the steps, Brian was already tugging at Justin’s pants.  Justin had managed to get his own shirt off by the time they entered his workroom.  He turned and started unbuttoning Brian’s button down and as he kissed the skin beneath the shirt as he exposed it.  And when the shirt was unbuttoned, Justin started on the fly.  Slowly they moved toward the murphy bed and by the time Brian pulled the bed down, Justin was on his knees and pushed Brian down on the mattress. 

“No, Sunshine, get up here.” Brian made short work of Justin’s pants and then threw him on the bed.  Brian covered Justin’s body with licks and kisses. When he drug his teeth along Justin’s erection, Justin shivered.

Brian positioned himself and then put one of Justin’s legs on his shoulder and moved the other to the side before moving slowly, he entered him in one swift motion all the way inside of him. Justin cried out in surprise and the initial hit of pain but as Brian watched his face he saw it change to a look he had only ever seen on Justin’s face. He nearly glowed as he got lost in their  lovemaking and as, together, they climaxed, he pulled Brian down needing to feel the full weight of his body on him.

As Brian rolled off, Justin kissed him lightly. “That was so amazing.  I never get tired of you.”

“You better never get tired of me,” Brian said, pulling him in for one more kiss.

“How did your trip go? Did you talk to Bennett? Is he coming to the wedding?”

“I really am not sure but if I had to guess, I think he will come.”

“Really?”

“Sunshine, Bennett loves Em.  It was obvious on his face when I talked about him.  The only time Jack looked at me like that was when he knew I had an envelope full of cash in my pocket.”

“Brian, I can’t wait for you to meet Kevin.  I saw that look on his face every time he looked at a picture of you and the boys. He is the father you always deserved.” They lay together a few more minutes before Justin said, “I hate to say this but dinner is going to be ready any minute.”

They both dressed and headed toward the door. “This is perfect timing.  I missed my boys today.  But after dinner and some play time, they will be ready for bed and…..”

“And then we’ll be ready for bed, too.”

“We were both born ready for bed.” They laughed as they hurried down the stairs and Brian grabbed the cookies off the table as he walked past.

Brian hadn’t realized how hungry he was until the smell of Ronni’s Eggplant Parmesan wafted through the great room. “Well, you pushed it to the very last minute? Any longer and it would have been burnt.”

“It is just us tonight?”

“Yes, my boys want a quiet night alone and when I talked to Nathan,” Ronni looked out at the pool house, “he just said he needed to think. Do you think he is homesick?”

“I’m not sure but I’ll try to talk to him tomorrow and see what’s up. Maybe he is just tired or sore after last night’s activities.”  Justin smiled at Ronni.

“I don’t want to know anything about this activities,” Ronni said, acting shocked.

“What did I miss?” Brian asked.

“How about I tell you later?” Justin kissed Brian, who took him in his arms but before Brian could kiss Justin again, Gus rushed against them.  

“Daddy, did you forget about us.  Aaron and I missed you today.”  Brian dropped a quick kiss on Justin’s jaw and then bent and snapped Gus up. “Did you have a good trip, Daddy? What did you do?”

“I talked to a daddy that I think loves his boys as much as I do.” 

“That’s good, Daddy.  Is it someone I know?”

“Well, you don’t but you might get to meet him at the wedding. I think you will get to meet a few new people that day.”

“I’m so excited I get to be the ring bear.  Do I get to wear a bear suit?” Gus was already giggling.  They had this conversation a couple of times already but Brian had to laugh each time. 

“I think we better sit down to dinner.  We don’t want Ronni to get upset.” As Brian said it he saw the little curl to Ronni’s lips.  When it came to their boys, Ronni’s heart was always on their side.

There were laughs and smiles and after dinner there was time to play with the boys.  And then both boys fell asleep.  Aaron’s head was on Brian’s shoulder while Gus’ feet were on Brian’s lap and his head was on Justin’s lap. “Does life get any better than this?” Justin said.

“The only thing better would be if I could kiss you right now.” Brian smiled over at him. “I think we should get these two to bed. It’s late for them and for me.  We both have been up a long time.”


Once the boys were in bed, Brian and Justin felt the exhaustion and just talked softly.  “Bri, I almost forgot, Mel called early this morning.”

“Let me guess, she was telling you why she couldn’t make it for the wedding.” Brian growled a bit.

“Exactly and I told her that if her ass wasn’t here, they would no longer have any custody.”

“I bet that went over well.” Brian smiled down at Justin.

“It felt so good to tell her they had to find a room and then I hung up on her.”

“Just another reason to love you so much.”

Justin turned into Brian and both men drifted off to sleep.


Nate answered his phone. “Hi Tom.”

“You weren’t too sore today, were you?” Father Tom said softly.

“No not at all, Tommy.  I was a bit stiff but Em and I spent time in the hot tub and this evening I just relaxed.”

“I am thinking I might be able to come out tomorrow.”

“Oh, I don’t think that will work.  Until after the wedding I am going to be really busy so maybe we should…”

“Nate, did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you last night?”

“Oh, NO.  It isn't you.  I guess I am just a little overwhelmed with my parents coming and helping with the food for the wedding and trying to keep Em calm.”

“Of course you are.  I should have realized that. I do understand.  I will be out a couple times between now and the wedding.”

“Tommy, you aren’t mad, are you?”

“Oh, not at all.  I will see you soon,” Tom said and the phone went dead. 

Nathan lay in bed and wondered, would Tom still be interested in him if he became Natalia?




Chapter 8 by Simply written

Chapter 8


The week of the wedding the house was bustling. Gus and Aaron spent the week with Molly and Jenn so Brian and Justin could help in any way they were needed.  Emmett had moved into the main house.  His exact words were ‘We may not be a traditional couple but this is a traditional marriage and I want my mama to be proud of my choices.’  He had said this as he and Justin checked over his wardrobe for the honeymoon.

“Em, I know a lot of people wouldn’t believe it but I know you are traditional.  You will always have Em energy but your heart has always been traditional.  You love your friends and family.  You work hard and play hard but you always put everyone else first.”

“That sounds more like you, Justin. I don’t know what I would have done without you and Brian, even if Brian still scares me sometimes.”

“He does not!”

“Ok, he doesn’t ….at least not very often. You have changed his life.  Before you, Brian was a shell of a man.  Sure he was cut throat in business and he was generous with needy projects but you put the soul in him.”

“I just love him and our family.”

“Justin, hopefully it won’t be too long and Aaron will have a playmate. We have our names in at a surrogate agency but we have also thought about adoption. What would you do if you were in our situation?”

“You two will love any child that is yours but I have to admit, I love watching Gus.  He looks so much like Brian.  I can only picture him living the life Brian should have had.”

“I do imagine a little James.  He thinks it should be my child.”

Justin poured them each another glass of wine, emptying the second bottle of wine. “I know I am getting a little drunk, but have you ever thought about asking Ronni?  I know she isn’t young but she isn’t old.  She’s still in her 40s. Then the baby would be blood related to each of you.”

“Oh, I like that idea. I can only imagine….” They both set their glasses down and fell on the bed, very tipsy by this point. Em wrapped his arms around Justin just as there was a knock on the door and Brian stepped in. 

“Hey, Em, is Sunshine…” One glance at the bed and Brian exploded across the room.

Justin saw  Brian’s face and was on his feet in a flash, placing himself between Brian and Em.  The problem was, jumping up so fast nearly had him collapsing on the floor.  That distracted Brian.  He swooped Justin into his arms.  Looking over his shoulder, Brian said, “I will deal with you later, Honeycutt!”

Emmett waved at him but as Brian shut the door, he softly said, “Shit, he still does scare me sometimes.”  He reached for his phone and called James, “Hello, love.”

“Damn, Em, I wish you were here.” 

“Ah, I love you, too, Jamesy. Tomorrow night you won’t be there alone.  Your college buddies will be there with you.”

“You will, too, right? I mean you are having dinner with us?”

“Yes, I will have dinner with you but then I have to go see my family.  They are going to be at the hotel by 8:00 p.m. I know Katie is coming and Nate’s parents.  I have to think more are coming or they wouldn’t be flying in a private plane.  Brian and Dante have been so good with the plane and the hotel.”

“I don’t know anything but I think there will be more.  I heard Mom talking to Dante a little while ago and I heard her say something about 16 people. That could have been the number of people Dante is sending over to help work but I got the feeling…”

“That would be so amazing. James, we need to talk about a baby.”

“You know I can’t wait…”

“Justin had a great idea but we can talk later.”

“Emmy, are you drunk?”

“Well, Justin and I did have some wine but I’m not drunk and, by the way, if I don’t answer in the morning, Brian may have killed me in my sleep.”

“What were you and Justin doing? I don’t know why Brian is so upset.  Justin never looks at another man and I trust you, my love.  You love Justin like family. You love me like a man.”

“Oh, you can say that again.” With that Em started telling James where to touch himself and with that the men both began missing the other even more.


As Brian tried to drop Justin on the bed, Justin refused to let Brian go so Brian fell with him on the bed. “Why the hell were you in bed with Emmett?”

“Because he is a close friend and he is getting married and he is nervous and he is still scared of you,” he giggled a little bit.  “He doesn’t realize your bark is worse than your bite and,” he slid his hand into Brian’s pants and found his cock, “I’m the only one you’re allowed to bite.” Justin leaned forward and not so lightly bit Brian’s ear.

“Damn, that hurt! Now you need to be taught a lesson.”

“Can you teach it to me with the new toys I bought in Atlanta?”

Soon Justin was whimpering with a little pain and a lot of pleasure as Brian moved a vibrator in and out of his perfect ass.  Brian rolled him to his side and although it was a bit awkward, began to slowly spin the vibrator as he took Justin deep in his throat, and then not so gently ran his teeth over the length of it as he withdrew it before doing it again. Justin’s voice echoed down the hall as he let out a cry that was nearly animalistic.

After he had time to collect himself a bit, he said, “Good thing the kids are at Mom’s.  Gus would be in here by now.”  His phone then pinged. “Damn, I need to check that.  It might be Emmett’s family.”  Justin looked at it and started laughing.

“What is it?” Brian said as he ran his tongue up Justin’s salty, damp skin making him shiver.  “It’s Em.  He said it isn’t fair since James is at their place.”

“We didn’t ask him to stay here,” Brian said gruffly.

Justin pushed Brian onto his stomach. “Why do you always give him a bad time? I know you aren’t really jealous.  You know Em would never cheat on James.  He would have never tried anything before James. He knows I would never cheat on you. So why?”  He straddled Brian and began to massage his back.

“I …. I just realized it was because I was jealous of him.”

Justin stopped for a split second but then began rubbing Brian’s lower back.  “You were jealous?”

“Ya, he came from a messed up family but he always knew how to love. He was in his own little world and yet he was always there for everyone.”

Justin moved a little lower and began to stroke Brian’s ass, working his thumbs into his gluteus maximus.  Brian groaned. “Brian, Em had been taught to love by his family. You never had that but you have learned it now.” Justin bent and began probing the little bud in the valley between his cheeks and as he slid the tip of his tongue in, Brian shuttered.

“Justin, please, take me.  I want to feel you.”

“My pleasure. “ Justin said as he propped Brian’s hips up in the air and then sank in. Justin began to move slowly at first but when Brian began to rock his hips accepting everything he had to offer, it became a frenzy and soon they both climaxed and Justin fell onto Brian. He started to move  but Brian stopped him.

“Sunshine, please don’t move yet.  I don’t want it to end, yet.”

Justin softly said, “It will never end, darling.  Never!” Justin rolled off and immediately Brian pulled him tightly against him. “I love you, darling.  Are you getting nervous?”

“Justin,” he held him even tighter.  “What if he doesn’t like me? What if Kevin sees me and can only picture my mother.”

“That’s your mother haunting you, Brian.  Kevin can’t wait to meet you.  He loves you already and he loves you for you.” Justin kissed him gently and together, they drifted off into their own dreams.


Thursday morning was sunny and warm.  The weather forecast was looking perfect for the ceremony, too.  For Saturday’s wedding, it was supposed to be 75° and sunny with a gentle breeze. As Brian and Justin walked down the steps they heard Emmett and James talking with Ronni. 

“I don’t want you to worry any more about the wedding, Emmett.  Tracy and her friends are going to be here by noon today and she is going to take care of the remainder of the food.  She also has the rehearsal dinner all organized.”

Brian and Justin strode in.  Emmett smirked at them as they walked in.  “Those two were loud enough to wake the dead last night.”

“Not the dead, just the drunk,”  Brian said as he looked at Em and James.  “And Dante and I have your family organized Em.  They should arrive right around 8:00 and they are expecting you to sleep at the hotel tonight.  There are plenty of rooms available or you can bunk up with one of your family.”

“And when does your dad come in?” Em asked. Brian just walked over and poured some coffee for him and Justin.

Justin answered him. “We aren’t sure exactly what time Kevin will be in.  He is driving up because Tom got some items donated that Kevin needs.  He was talking about getting through DC so he would be about four hours away this morning.  He should be texting or calling to give us an approximate time to expect him.”

“Are you picking up the boys?”  Ronni asked.

“Tomorrow.  We will pick them up in the morning.” Justin responded. Brian handed him a mug and Justin kissed his cheek. Justin grabbed a plate and put some breakfast on his plate.  “Brian, do you want something to eat?”

“No, I’m not hungry.”

James and Em were heading to the city to meet with a friend of James. Em walked over to Brian and hugged him even as he stiffened, “Brian, he is going to love you.”

Brian hugged him tightly with the arm he had free. “Thanks, Em.  Thank you for being a friend to both of us.” And then he moved away, taking a long swallow of the coffee he had in his hand.

Justin gave both of their friends a hug, “You two go do something fun.  It would be a great day for the zoo.”

Em looked at James, “Can we?”

“We have to stop and pick up our suits and then I don’t know why we couldn’t for  three or four hours.” They walked out the door talking about their schedule for today and Ronni followed, needing to get something from their car before the left.

“I love you, Brian Kinney.” Justin kissed gently. Justin’s phone rang just as the doorbell did.

“Answer your phone.  I will go see what is getting delivered.” They had been getting several deliveries a day all week.  Brian reached the door and opened it and then froze. The person standing in front of him could only be one person.  “We didn’t expect you this early.  I …. we… “

“Hello, son.” Justin came around the corner just in time to see Brian and his father embrace for the first time. He could only see Kevin’s face but he was nearly positive Brian had matching tears on his own cheeks as Justin wiped his own wet eyes.  “I’m so sorry.  I should have known your mother was incapable of love and I left you with her. It was a different time. I would never have been given custody.  And I had ruined Anna’s life.  I don’t know how you can ever forgive me.”

“Kevin, you can’t blame yourself for anything that woman said or did. I….”

Justin walked up with a box of tissues. “Welcome to our home, Kevin.  It is great to see you again.” Justin hugged Kevin and then turned to Brian, “Bri, I bet your father could use a cup of coffee, maybe some breakfast?”

“Oh, that sounds great.  I slept a few hours in Fredrick, MD but I was so excited, I just got up about 4:00  and grabbed a breakfast sandwich and a large coffee at a truck stop.” Kevin glanced around the foyer as they moved toward the kitchen.

“Oh, just leave your bag by the steps.  We will take it up later.  And if you had a large coffee, you probably could use the restroom.  We will be right over here.” He pointed toward the kitchen.

“You are very right, there, Justin.”  Kevin went into the bathroom and Brian and grabbed Justin.  He needed his anchor.  He needed to feel Justin’s strength.

They moved into the kitchen and Brian again held on tightly to him.  “My real father is at my home.  He is really here.  He….”

“Is a lot like you.” Justin took a step away.  Let me get this food reheated.”  

“I’ll make a fresh pot of coffee,” Brian said as he seemed to snap out of his shock and started filling the coffee filter.

Kevin stood and watched his son and his husband working side by side in the kitchen. He then looked around a bit before approaching them.  “Your home is as nice as I expected.  It is beautiful and it is a real home.  My grandsons aren’t….” Kevin stopped and had an awkward look on his face.  “I am so sorry.  I have no right to call them that.  I just have fallen in love with them from the pictures you have shared…”

“Gus is very excited to meet his papa.  He doesn’t have a grandfather until now.” Brian said and Kevin started tearing up again and Brian did too.  “We need to quit doing this,” he said as he pulled himself together.  

“You two sit.  I’ll bring the food to the table.” Justin said.  As he warmed the food, he was surprised that the two men were keeping up a conversation.  Kevin knew how to talk to people and Justin could see Brian wasn’t stressed out.  It was like they had known each other for some time. “Here’s the coffee.” He set down a full carafe of coffee.  “Bri, can you grab these?”  Justin walked to the other side of the island and handed him a couple plates of food and Justin came around with the rest.

“Justin, you didn’t have to do all this.” Kevin squeezed Justin’s hand as he sat down across from him.

“I didn’t do any of it,” Justin smiled.  “Ronni, made all of this.  I just heated it up.  That will be Emmett’s mother in law.  She helps with the house and the boys.”

“Speaking of your boys….” Kevin started.

“They are at Jenn’s.  That’s Justin’s mom.  We will pick them up tomorrow. The boys, well Gus, would have made it hard for us to talk.  He is  a great kid but he is at the age that he is all questions.”

“And all love.  He is a lot like his daddy.” Justin said and leaned over to kiss Brian.

Justin’s phone rang.  “Sorry, this has to do with Em’s family.  I’ll be right back.”

Brian and Kevin, took their mugs and the carafe of coffee and they went to sit on the pool deck and started to get to know each other. Nathan came out of the pool house and after a quick introduction to Kevin, he was off.  He had baked the wedding cake at Tracy’s baking space and today and tomorrow he would be decorating for long hours.

By the time Justin came back, Brian was enthralled by a story Kevin was telling him about some of his jobs as a priest over the years. “I knew I wasn’t a great orator.  I didn’t want to stand in front of parishioners every Sunday.  I would much rather feed people at a soup kitchen or take in a homeless teen whose parents kicked them out.”  

Brian was quiet a moment, “I am so glad there are people like you. If there had been a shelter like you run when I was a kid, I probably would have left home or at least spent a lot of time there.”

As Brian set his empty mug on the table next to him, Keving reached over and squeezed Brian’s hand.  “My heart aches for the child you were.  I wish I could change it but I can’t.  I am here now and want to listen to anything you want to tell me. And I want to get to know this amazing man you are now. I mean look at this life you have created for yourself and you are still so young.”

Justin finally walked over and sat on the arm of Brian’s chair, putting an arm around Brian’s shoulder and kissed the top of his head.

“Sunshine is the reason I am the man I am. He doesn’t put up with my shit. At 17, he just told me how it was. And no matter what I did he didn’t leave.  He showed me what love really was.  And you will understand once you meet Jennifer.  His mother is amazing.  I have no idea why he put up with me.”

“It is because I wanted to live like this!” Justin smiled down at Brian, “You know you had my heart the first night.”

“Your heart wasn’t what I was interested in at the time.” This time it was Brian’s phone that went off. “Be right back.  All this wedding….”

“Go.  We have the rest of our lives.” Kevin said. Justin watched Kevin watching Brian walk away.  “He is as beautiful as you said he was, both inside and out.”

Justin sat down in the chair Brian vacated.  “Wait until you see him with his boys.  He is making sure they never feel like he did.  Yes, he can be busy and he is away a night or two but when he is with them, he is with them.  Gus and Aaron are always going to feel love from us.  It is nearly killing him that Gus’ mothers are falling short.  We are going to get full custody.  We will always let Mel and Lindsay see him but they have been in Europe for over a year and they aren’t together.”

“Well, if a priest’s opinion is needed I’m here.”

“Thanks, Kevin, but considering our relationship….But Tom will support us 100%.  He and Gus are best friends and he has seen some of the devastation Gus feels from time to time.”

“If only all kids had a family like yours.  The love you have for each other and your children is so obvious.  May I ask about Aaron? I never asked but he looks so much like you I just figure he is biologically yours?”

Brian returned, pulling up a chair so he was right next to Justin.  “Aaron is Justin’s brother.  You know his story, right? About his dad?”  Kevin nodded.  “Well, the therapist Craig had hired fell for Craig’s bull. She felt sorry for both Craig and Justin.  She was an excellent therapist but by the time she realized Craig was just a liar and asshole, she was pregnant with Aaron.  She wasn’t ready for motherhood and Justin didn’t want Aaron to always wonder about his family.  He is ours.  We keep in touch with her but she is finishing an advanced degree and has moved on, knowing how much her baby is loved.”

“Kevin, you look like you could use a nap.  My guess you have been pushing yourself the last couple days.  How about we show you to your room and you can relax for a while?  I don’t know how long you are staying but you will enjoy your time if you aren’t exhausted.”  

“Justin, I have to admit, I am, now that I am relaxed and in such loving care.”

“If you would like to use the hot tub, feel free.  I think tonight it will be just the three of us.  I thought we would just grill some chicken and use the hot tub.”

“I didn’t bring trunks.”

“We have plenty or you don’t need to wear one.”

Kevin laughed, “Of course you have many around.  Is the pool usable?”

“Yes, but it is very chilly right now. It is warming up but that takes a while.” Brian stood as Kevin did.

As they walked into the house, Brian picked up his dad’s bag and led the way. They pointed out their bedroom and each of the boys before leading him into their largest guest room that happened to be next to Gus’.  “I hope Gus will leave you alone.  If he gets too pesky just let us know.  He will understand if we talk to him.”

“I am sure we will be just fine.  I am still getting used to the idea I am a grandfather.  My girls will probably have a couple eventually, too, but as a priest I never expected any grandchildren. Oh, will Father Tom be around in the next day or two?”

“Well, tomorrow night is the rehearsal.  I don’t know if he is coming to see Nate tonight or not.”

“Is he counseling him or something?”

Brian smiled, “Or something.”

“Oh….” Kevin let that sink in and then smiled. “Tom is a good priest.  I can tell.  I never wanted someone in my life but I never knew how having a spouse changed your loyalty to God.”

“Both Nate and Tom are not looking for a permanent relationship right now.  They both have a lot going on.  Let us get out of your way,” Justin said.  “If you need us just push All on the intercom system and it will go through the whole house.”

Kevin hugged Justin and kissed his cheek and then turned to Brian.  The hug was so genuine.  Brian’s face seemed to morph into Gus’.  Brian found a parent that loves him! Justin’s heart skipped several beats seeing Brian so happy.


Brian and Justin finished up their lists for the wedding.  They made calls on final deliveries and by noon Kevin had come down and sat in the family room reading a magazine.  “Oh, Kevin, did you have a nice rest?”

“I did, thanks.  You were right, I was tired.  I probably hadn’t slept as soundly the last week because I was so nervous. But everything you had told me was true.  He is a wonderful man.”

“JUSTIN!  Where are you?” Brian yelled as he rushed toward them.

“We’re right here.” Justin called.  “What has got you so excited?”

“He is coming.  Bennett is on his way to the airport.” Justin rushed over to Brian and they kissed.  

“Isn’t Bennett Emmett’s dad?”  Kevin asked.

“Yes, he will be the only older man that will be here tomorrow during the rehearsal and dinner.  If you have a chance to talk to him…”

“I will make sure I introduce myself.  In case he wants to talk a bit, father to father.”

“That would be great. Thank you.” Justin said as he started walking toward the kitchen but Ronni came in the back door.

“Looks like I made it just in time.  I have lunch planned. Oh,” Ronni stopped and looked at Kevin. “You must be Brian’s daddy.  It is obvious now where his good looks come from.  I am Ronni.”

“Very nice to meet you, Ronni,” Kevin responded with an outstretched hand.  

“I will start lunch.  Give me 30 minutes.  Enjoy the sun while the pool deck is empty. And it is a special occasion so  I have some wine chilled.  Brian, you open it and take it outside.  I will serve you out there as soon as it is ready.”

“Ronni, don’t you remember that you have today off? Your son is getting married in two days and your family is coming in later today.” Justin reminded her.

“Yes, I know that but I need something to do until they get here.  I am so excited.  It has been so long since I have seen them.” 

Justin patted her shoulder and grabbed four glasses, as Brian opened the wine.  “Make sure you join us, Ronni.  I have a glass for you.”

Two hours later the three men were relaxed and enjoying each other’s company. Ronni had excused herself an hour earlier. She had made shrimp salad and had pulled some of Nathan’s rolls out of the freezer. Kevin spoke about the first time he had shrimp.  “Being raised in Iowa, in the 50’s, we didn’t have ‘exotic’ seafood.  I had been shipped out to Hawaii and one of the first meals I had there was grilled shrimp and swordfish. Everyone made fun of me for not knowing what any of it was.  Seafood has been a favorite ever since. And many of those guys are still buddies I talk to regularly.”


“You have done so many amazing things with your life,” Brian commented and he finished the last of the wine in his glass.

“Son, from what I have seen, you have done all kinds of wonderful things.  The difference is I’ve always been the front man but you are the benefactor behind similar projects.”

“So ... Kevin,” Brian almost called him dad.  “Is there anything you would like to do this afternoon?”

“I don’t know if I want to do it but there is something I feel I must do and I would like to get it over with.”

“What is that?” Brian asked.

“I need to see your mother. Do you think she would be home? Could you check?”

“No, I can’t do that.  I don’t have her number.” With that, Brian walked away, leaving Justin and Kevin alone at the table. 

“Brian doesn’t talk to his mother.  He does have her number because she calls him every time she needs something but he doesn’t actually talk to her.  He listens to her message and then completes the task for her. She can’t accept us.  Gus’ sweet heart broke through a bit of her crust but she just doesn’t know how to be kind.”

“Yes, Anna Claire was always the sweet one.  In some ways she was very childlike but I took that as just being sweet in the letters she sent me when I was in Hawaii.  By the time I met her I was so in love with her soul.  You know what that is like.  But then the thing with Joan happened.  I was so stupid and when Anna found out it was like her soul couldn’t deal with it. She went into her own little world.  I feel the guilt but I think it would have happened anyway. The doctors told me it was only a matter of time before Anna retreated into her own world.”

“I’ll text her and tell her I will be there at 4:00.  She will expect Gus.  He visits her from time to time.” Justin looked closely at Kevin’s pained face.

“Did you ever find out what really caused all the pain in that family?” Justin glanced at his phone.  “She’ll be home.”

“I don’t know a lot but I will tell you as we drive. Let me go change my shirt.” Kevin said.

“I will go check on Brian before we leave. See you here in fifteen minutes.” They went their own way.

Justin tapped on the door to the office and walked in. Brian sat at the desk. His elbows were on the desk and his head in his hands. “Darling, maybe it’s time.”

“Time for what?” he said bruskly.

“To clear the air with your mother.”

“Clear the air with that bitch?”

“Yes.  Tell her she can’t hurt you anymore.  Give her a monthly allowance and tell her she will not get any more. And let her see you have found Kevin and neither of you are going to wallow in her self pity.”

“Are you really going to take him there?”

“Your father needs to settle the bad and then later in the visit he will go see Anna if she will see him. Come with us, Brian.  I know you think you have broken ties with her but as long as she still thinks she can demand things from you.  You have told her this before but maybe with your father at your side,” Justin walked over and touched his cheek and then slid his finger tip along his jawline. “Don’t let the hatred continue.” Tilting Brian’s head back just a bit, Justin’s lips brushed his mouth. “You don’t have to say a word if you don’t want to.”

“Fuck! When are you leaving?”

“Now?” Justin offered a hand and Brian took it and stood.  “I’m here for you.  I always will be and if you don’t want to say anything, just look at me and I will say it for you.”

“I love you, Sunshine.  I ….”

“Come on. Kevin is waiting.”

When Kevin saw Brian holding Justin’s hand, he smiled.  “I hoped you would join us.” He patted Brian’s shoulder as Justin slipped his arm around Brian’s waist and kissed him. 

Once they were on the road, Justin looked at Kevin in the back seat, “So you said you had an idea what happened in Anna and Catherine Sullivan’s home growing up?”

“It was a different time. A father was the king of his castle. What he said was law.  Mr. Sullivan was an abusive drunk.  He abused his sons who, although she never said it, I think abused Anna and Catherine. But the boys left as soon as they were out of school and then they took the brunt of their father’s rage.” Justin reached over and took Brian’s hand, squeezing it. “I don’t know any details. Anna was so scared of him she wouldn’t say much.  Even after he died when she was about 20. By that time Catherine was called Joan and was married to Jack. Joan became bitter and spiteful while Anna withdrew into her own world.” With that Kevin stopped talking and went into his own thoughts for the remainder of the drive. Justin stroked Brian’s hand as he drove the last couple miles and parked in front of his childhood home.

“I haven’t been here in a long time. Looks like the landscaper has been here this spring.”

“You take care of all that?” Kevin asked as they got out of the car.  “Well, I have them on a contract.  She can’t do it herself anymore.”

They all heard the door open and looked toward the small porch as Joan came out and started to speak, “I expected you about….” Joan saw the three and linked eyes with Brian for a moment before looking over at the stranger with them and then there was a slow look of recognition. “Kevin,” she whispered as they reached the steps.

“Catherine, or do you prefer Joan.”

“What are you doing here? How did you find…” Her head snapped in Brian’s direction.  “You couldn’t leave well enough alone, could you? Did you track him down and whine about what a horrible life you had?”

“Joan, let’s go inside.  You don’t want your neighbors talking.  I know how you hate that.” Justin waved at the neighbor he got some of the information from. Joan huffed into the house with Kevin and then Justin and Brian following. Brian took Justin’s hand and led him out of the living room.  Joan reached out to stop them but she was a bit distracted with Kevin standing in front of her.

“Did He bother you? He can’t let anything go.  As soon as he found out I knew he would use his money to track you down.”

“I am sure it did cost him a bit but Justin did most of the foot work.  Brian is exactly what I could ever want in a son.”

“A gay married to another man who treats the world like he owns it? He thinks he can do everything exactly like he wishes.”

“Wow, that’s a lot of venom for a man who seems to do an awful lot for you.  This house has been kept up well and the yard looks great. I should have realized you couldn’t change.  I just want to say I forgive you, whether you think you did anything wrong or not.  I know we were both wrong but I have made peace and I hope your sister will see me so I can ask her forgiveness again.”


Brian led Justin into his boyhood bedroom. It didn’t look like anything had been updated since he was a kid.  Then he realized there was new carpet.  At some point all of the upstairs flooring was replaced.  “I know Claire’s boys have slept in here.  It surprises me she didn’t change everything.”

“You know we need to go down. You need to say your peace and then we can get out of here.”

“Sunshine, you always seem to know what I need and you know when to push me.” Brian took him in his arms and kissed him with all the passion he felt. “I wish I had time to make love to you.  That would give my mother nightmares.” They walked down to the living room but stopped just short of being seen.

“Catherine, you may have never given our son a chance but the only thing I see in him is a family man who would do anything to protect and love them.  He would do anything to make sure they will always know who they are and where they belong.”

“They will be spoiled and…”

Brian and Justin entered the room.  “Catherine,” Brian used her real name, “you know my sons are not spoiled.  Gus is kind and generous. And as for my family, Gus will always be allowed to visit here if you are willing but I am done.  I will give you your allowance but there will be no more on demand payments.  Justin finally convinced me I don’t owe you anything.  I have given you far more than I ever got from you.”

“How dare you talk to me…”

Kevin draped an arm around Brian’s shoulders and interrupted her.  “I don’t know why he hasn’t done it long ago.  When is the last time you have gone to confession, Joan? And when you went were you honest or was it Joan’s version of confession.” Kevin moved toward the door, “Goodbye, Catherine.  I can’t say it was nice seeing you but it at least has brought me closure.”

Brian stopped in front of his mother and said, “I am sorry you had a rough childhood but you didn’t have to repeat it.  I couldn’t love until Sunshine showed me how to.  It is sad you never learned how much better loving is than loathing.  Goodbye, Catherine.”

All three men walked out and took a deep breath.  It was like they had somehow held their breath while they were in there. “That woman is stifling.” Kevin took a deep breath and then pulled his son close to him.  “You did well, my boy.  And you are right, loving is much easier than loathing.” Brian tightened his arms around Kevin.

“Thank you, Father,” Brian said.

“Do you mind calling me Dad? Father reminds me of work.”

“I am so glad you are here, Dad.  Did you know that is the first time I had a parent stand up for me?”

“It won’t be the last, son.  I promise you that.”


The rest of the evening was busy but fun for everyone.  Ronni was staying at Dante’s hotel with her sisters and mother.  Brian, Justin, and Kevin went back to the house and started the grill and opened a bottle of whiskey.  They were sure they would end up in the hot tub and if they were drunk enough they may take a polar plunge or two in the pool that was still too cold for comfort.

Emmett went out for dinner with James and his college buddies and their wives.  And it was about 8:00 pm when the party began breaking up. James and his buddies were heading off to a local bar while their wives were heading to the hotel.  

James and Emmett stepped aside for a moment.   “Emmy, are you sure you don’t want me to come with you? You really aren’t sure who is waiting for you there.”

“James, people I love and who love me are waiting for me. I am sure Nate is already there with them and  his parents and my sister, Katie.  I know they are there and whoever is there it is enough.” 

James kissed him.  “I love you Emmett Honeycutt.”

“I love you, too.  Now, go have fun with your friends. I will be in charge of the women.” Emmett said loud enough for the men to hear.  That group headed off.

Emmett escorted the women to the hotel where they all hugged him and went into the salon.  Emmett sat down on one of the lobby sofas and texted Nate.  He said, ‘I’m in the lobby.  What room should I come to.” Emmett knew they had been given the entire top floor but he also knew some of the other guests might be in some of them.  As he waited for a response the elevator doors opened and he heard voices he recognized.

“They could have given us two hotel rooms. We asked for two.” Melanie Marcus walked off the car.

“Well, Mel, we can’t always get what we want.  We are here for our son and it is only for five nights.”

Em started to say hi but at the last minute he made sure they didn’t see him. He didn’t feel close to them anymore.  Not after what they had done to Gus the last year.  How could they have done that to their son? When James and he have kids they would be their whole life. 

His phone buzzed. The text said, ‘1504’.  For a minute Em thought about running out the door and then he thought he might be sick but instead he picked up his overnight bag which they had put behind the desk for him and he walked onto the elevator.  “Lord, I know I don’t talk to you as often as I should but help me hold myself together,” he said softly and crossed himself. The elevator doors opened and he stepped out.  He could hear voices wafting through the hall.  He knew he heard Katie’s distinct giggle coming from somewhere. 

Emmett looked at the arrows pointing to the room numbers and followed them to 1504.  He noticed it was quieter down here. He raised his hand and knocked. He could hear movement behind the door and then heard the deadbolt move and the door opened slowly.

“Hello, Emmett.  Thank you for inviting me to your wedding.”

Emmett took in a deep breath and threw his arms around his father, “Oh, Daddy, thank you for coming.  I wanted you here so badly.”  

It was several minutes before Bennett took a step backward. “Please, let’s sit.  This is a really nice room.  You have good friends.” He led his son to the sofa and they sat next to each other. Bennett took Emmett’s hand and turned to look at his boy.  “I know I done a lot of things wrong with you, Emmy.  I didn’t understand back in the day.  Things were so much easier then.  I can’t say I totally understand now but after talking to your friend, Brian, I decided it didn’t matter if I understand.”

“Wait, when did you talk to Brian?”

“Last week he flew down to see me.”

“Brian went to Mississippi?  I thought he went on a work trip. Why did he come by?”

“He wanted me to understand that we don’t choose who we love and, yes, I had heard that before, but he asked if I chose to love your mother.  Of course I didn’t choose to love her.  I just did.  That made sense to me.  Brian didn’t choose Justin but he couldn’t live without him and it is the same with you. You love who you love and I knew I wouldn’t forgive myself if I missed your special day.  Emmy, I love you, boy.”

Emmett through his arm around his dad.  “I love you, Daddy.  Thank you.  Thank you for being here. Now I am ready for a party.” He jumped up and offered a hand for his Dad. “Let’s go see who else came for my wedding!”


It was about 2:00 when James called Emmett.  His speech was a little slurred but he wasn’t drunk. “My love, how was your night? Who is coming to our wedding?”

“Jamesy, my daddy came.  He said he had to be here for me.  Did you know Brian went to see him?”

“I heard rumors.  Your dad didn’t tell him if he was coming or not so he wasn’t sure until today.”

“Did you have fun tonight?”

“It would have been better if you were here.”

“I love you but right now I need to get some sleep. We have a couple big days ahead.” Em sent James a kiss through the phone.

“I love you too, Emmy.  I will see you in the morning.”


Brian and Justin lay in bed with their fingers linked.  “I miss the boys.  It will be so good to see them,” Brian commented.

“I agree but we couldn’t have given them the time they needed this week.” Justin turned into Brian and kissed him.

“Everything you said about Kevin is true.  He is an amazing man.  I feel he is the parent I always thought I had somewhere.  The boys are going to love him immediately.”

“Yes, they really are. And Kevin is excited to meet them. Bri, today, your mom...you ok with all that?” 

“I am.  My father...My actual father stood up for me.  And I feel like I have done all I need to do with her.  I will review her bills and give her what she needs to live but I am done jumping and trying to make her proud. My father is proud of me.  That is all I need.”

“I have always been proud of you,” Justin placed his hand over Brian’s heart.  “And so will our boys.  We love you.”

“Want to show me how much? By tomorrow we will have the boys back in the house.”

“Now that would be my pleasure.”


Chapter 9 by Simply written



Chapter 9


By 8:00 a.m. on Friday morning there was a low rumble of activity.  A lot of the wedding decor was being stored in the garage with some of the overflow being placed in the family room.  Ronni along with a couple of Tracy’s friends were working on the rehearsal dinner.  James had headed into the city so he could spend the day with all their relatives.  They needed to be at the house for rehearsal at 4:00 and then there would be a rehearsal dinner for all the family members that would be there. 

Mel and Lindsay were going to be at the house around 3:00.  Brian had warned them if there was any fighting they would be asked to leave and it was up to Gus if he wanted to sleep at the hotel with them or at the house where his new grandpa would be. Mel started to try to litigate  and Brian heard Lindsay tell her to stop before they didn’t let them see him and Mel said they would be there at 3:00. 

Brian tapped on Kevin’s door. “Kevin, are you up?” he said softly.

“Come on in, son.” Kevin sat on the little balcony drinking a cup of coffee.  “I have never been in a guest room with a coffee pot.  You are the perfect host.”  

“I’m the one who can’t live without a cup,” he raised the mug in his hand, “but of course it was Sunshine who put that in here.”

“I love that you call him Sunshine.  He definitely is that.  He has an inner glow that just exudes from every pore.”

“And if anyone has a right to be negative, it is him.”

Justin walked in the open door and came up behind Kevin and kissed his cheek.  “Good Morning.  I hope you slept well.”

“This is a great room and you are both perfect hosts.” Kevin said as Brian slipped his arm around Justin’s waist.  “There is no doubt you two love each other.  I bet even if you are having a disagreement you need to touch.”

“I do.  Sometimes he punches me.” Brian smiled at Justin.

“He isn’t lying,” Justin came back.  “Did you tell him the plans?”

“We hadn’t gotten to that, yet.” Brian looked a little guilty.

“Well, Kevin, this house is going to be a work zone all day.  I called my mom and we can grab something if you are hungry now but she is going to have brunch ready for us at 10:00 and then we can take the kids to the Children’s Museum or to the park.” 

“I can be ready in 20 minutes,” Kevin said excitedly.

“You have 40 minutes,” Brian smiled at his father.  “The boys are going to be excited.”

Brian and Justin went back to their room and got in the shower.  It was a good thing they had 40 minutes because Brian had his own ideas about the shower that morning.  Justin finally said, “I love you, darling, but I love our sons, too, and they will be very sad if we are late.”  Brian gave him one more long kiss as he ran his hands down to Justin’s ass. 

“You are just so tempting.” Brian smacked his ass as they finally left the shower.  They moved quickly, meeting Kevin in the entry and they were on their way.


“Grandma, what is the surprise my daddies are bringing?” Gus asked Jenn.  

Jenn had talked to Brian and Justin and they agreed it might be a good idea to give him an idea before a stranger walked into the door. “Well, Gus, I know I have heard you say you would like  a grandfather.”

“I would. Did my dads find one for me?”

“Remember when Daddy J went to Atlanta with Uncle Em?”

“Ya.”

“Well, they found you a grandpa.” Jenn hoped that would be enough for a five year old.  Eventually they would tell him everything but for now this was all he needed.

The next half hour nearly killed Gus.  He tried not to bother Jenn but she saw how many times he walked to the window.  Molly was entertaining Aaron but when Justin texted that they were fifteen minutes away, Aaron sat close to Jenn where she could watch him and Molly took Gus out to the front yard.  They were playing catch as Brian pulled up in front of the house.

“Daddy!  Daddy J!  Did you bring me a grandpa?”

“We did, Gus!” Justin responded from the open window of the SUV.  

Brian got out and turned to open the back door but Kevin was already standing beside him.  Gus was already rocketing to Brian  but stopped at the curb, knowing he wasn’t allowed to step on the road. Brian put his hand on Kevin’s shoulder and together they moved to the curb as Justin got out his side and walked over and hugged his sister. Brian crouched down and hugged Gus, “Gus, I want to introduce you to someone very special. This is your grandfather, Kevin.” He reached up and touched his waist.

“Hello, Gus, it is nice to meet you.” Kevin dropped down to Gus’ level.

Gus got a little bashful and took Brian’s hand. “Hi. Mr. Kevin. It is nice to meet you.”

“Gus would you mind if I give you a hug?” Kevin asked and Gus looked up at Brian.  Brian nodded and Gus threw his arms around Kevin’s neck.

“Our son is a hugger.” Justin said as he walked up with Molly. Kevin stood taking Gus with him.

“Oh, Gus, it is so nice to meet you.” Kevin saw Jenn coming out of the house with Aaron.  “Gus, I think I see your brother.  Can you introduce us?”

“Sure, Grandpa, or should I call you Mr. Kevin.”

“Oh, please, call me grandpa.”

“Ok, Aaron, you need to meet our grandpa.” Gus pulled Kevin up to the porch and Molly, Justin, and Brian moved toward the house.

“Nice to meet you, Kevin.  I’m Jenn.” She handed Aaron to Kevin.

Kevin snuggled Aaron close to him and was surprised when the little boy put his arms around his neck and gave him a sloppy kiss. 

“Are you Ok, Grandpa? You’re crying?” Gus asked him.

“I have never been better in my life.” Kevin reached down and put a hand on Gus’ shoulder.

“Please come in, Kevin.” Jenn said and led the way. 

The next two hours the conversation flowed.  Justin introduced Molly and Kevin asked her a few questions, interested in finding out everything about his new family. It was shortly after noon when the three men and the boys left for a nearby park.  They would all be together at the wedding tomorrow but right now was Kevin and Gus’ time. Brian and Justin laid on a blanket with a sleeping Aaron between them while Kevin played with his grandson.


At noon, Dante had his hotel restaurant put lunch together for both Emmett’s and James’ families.  Em held onto James’ hand tightly.  “Do you think they will get along? They are so different.”

“They will because they love us and I love you,” James kissed his cheek.

“I love you, too.” Someone touched Em on the shoulder.  He turned and found Tom standing there.  “Oh, I’m glad you could make it. I haven’t seen you around nearly as often as you have been the last month. Is there something wrong?” Em glanced at Nate who was busy talking to his cousins.

“He says there isn’t but something is bothering him.  I knew he was busy with the wedding so I have given him space.”

“Everything will be normal again next week.  I’m sure.”  

“Thanks.  I see a spot across from him.  I think I will introduce myself to your families." Father Tom moved into the group naturally.  His profession made him comfortable in settings like this.  He introduced himself and sat down across from Nate.  “Hey, Nate, how’s the cake coming?”

Nate smiled at his lover who was not showing any signs of their true relationship.  “I figured I needed to eat and the kitchen I am using is only a couple blocks from here.”

“I would love to see a preview.” With that someone asked Tom a question and the conversation between Nate and Tom was over.

Nate ate and excused himself but before he made it out of the dining room, Tom was standing next to him. “Can I walk with you? I really would like to see the cake.”

Nate started to say no but he had missed Tom.  “Sure.  It isn’t done yet, though.”

“I’ll see the final tomorrow.” Tom said as they strode slowly down the street. “Nate, is everything Ok? I know you have been really busy with the wedding and if that is all it is, I totally understand.  I just want to make sure you’re alright.”

“We do need to talk.  I know it has been a couple weeks since I said that. I have just had some things going around my brain for a long time and I want to be honest and open with you.  I didn’t want to say anything until I made a decision.”  Nate turned into an ally and then walked into the back of the kitchen space. Nate couldn’t stop himself; he had been feeling the heat off of Tom and needed to touch him.  Nate pressed Tom against the wall and kissed him as Tom pulled him close. 

“I have missed you, Nathan.” Tom said as they finally stopped kissing.

“I missed you, too.  Do you have a day off next week?”

“I have my normal Monday off since I have the wedding tomorrow and then my normal Mass on Sunday. But I also took off Tuesday.”

“The family is all flying back Sunday afternoon.  Can you come over Sunday, maybe about 7:00?”

“That sounds perfect but I will bring dinner.  You need a break and deserve a little pampering.”

“I am sure we can use the hot tub.  That would feel amazing.”

Tom trailed his hand down Nate’s back.  “I will leave you alone.  Save a dance for me tomorrow?”

“Definitely.” Nate said as he kissed Tom once more, “I really am anxious to talk to you.” 

Tom whistled as he left the building. It wouldn’t be long before he would be with Nate for a night...or two again.


“Hey, guys, we need to get going,” Justin said.  “Gus has a date with two lovely ladies in a short time.”

“Grandpa, I get to see my moms.  It has been a very long time since I have seen them. It’s been a year.  I talk to them on the computer but a year is a long time for a hug.

“Yes, it is, Gus.”

“But I hate leaving you, too.  I just met you!”

“Well, I’ll be around for several days and I promise, now that I have met my family, I will need to see you every couple months.  Who else gives hugs like you and kisses like Aaron.”

“Pinkie swear, Grandpa?”

“Pinkie swear!” Kevin offered his pinky and then he picked up the boy and put him on his shoulders.


“Melanie, remember we both have to be on our best behavior.”

“Remember, I’m the lawyer? I know the law.”

“Mel, Brian can easily say we abandoned Gus and he would be right.  We should have been here long ago.”

Mel drove toward their son’s home at Britin. “Lindz, I promise I will try but don’t goad me.  Now isn’t the place we talk about our situation and who is with who.  Who are you with…”

“Mel, don’t start! Or of course we can talk about your flavor of the day.”

“Truce.  Gus isn’t so young he doesn’t catch on anymore.  We can’t lose our custody rights or we may never get a chance to get him back.”

“We? You and I both know there will be no more we.”

“I know you're right but we loved each other once and we both love our son.  We have to remember that.”

“I can’t wait to see him.” Lindsay said and they rode in silence the rest of the way.

Justin went into Gus’ bedroom and had him take a quick shower after playing in the park.  “Daddy J, do you think my moms really want to see me?”

“I am sure of it, Gus. Your moms love you. They just had a lot going on and were far away from you.”

“Daddy, do they still love each other?”

“Oh, Gus, I can’t answer that but I do know that they always want what’s best for you and they share their love for you. And what do you think about your new grandfather?”

“He is the best present I ever got!”

“Well, what do you want to wear?” And with that Gus was digging through his drawer to find the perfect pants and shirt.

“Gus, remember what we said about sleeping over at your moms’ hotel room?” 

“If I want to stay with them I can but it is my decision.”

“Exactly, and your dad and grandpa and I don’t care what you choose.  We won’t be upset either way.”

“Ok, Daddy.”


Brian stood at the door with Aaron in his arms.  He needed to talk to Lindsay and Mel before Gus saw them.  They pulled up right on time. “Oh, doesn’t he look just like Justin?” Lindsay said as she rushed up to Aaron and Brian.  Giving them both a hug. 

For a moment Brian forgot he was unhappy with his old friend and gave Lindz a big hug back and a kiss.

“Brian,” Mel said and they gave each other a little kiss. 

“Mel, so glad you could make it.”

“It’s not like you really gave us a choice.” Brian waved them into the entry.

“I am not going to start.  Here is how this is going to play out tonight.  You are staying here at least half an hour to make sure Gus is comfortable with you.”

“Of course he will be comfortable with us!” Lindz said.

“He is five years old and he hasn’t seen you in a year. If he is good you can do whatever you planned.  We have an overnight bag packed for him but you must call us by 9:00 and Justin or I have to talk to him and hear he wants to stay overnight with you or he will be here by 9:00.”

“You have us over a barrel here,” Mel replied

“None of this is about you. It is about Gus.” 

“I hear them.” Gus’ voice came from upstairs.

“I think you are right,” Justin said, letting go of his hand so he could rush down the stairs.

“MOMs!” he shouted as he came around the corner of the staircase and both Lindsay and Mel hugged him.  They held on so tightly Gus finally squirmed and they laughed and let go.  Soon he was leading them all over.  Showing all the stuff he had in his room and he showed them Aaron’s.

After listening to Gus, Lindsay looked at him and said, “You really love your brother, don’t you.”

“I’m the big brother!  I need to help take care of him.  He is my best buddy. I love him so much.” 

Lindsay looked at Mel, “And I bet you are the best big brother ever.” As Gus and Mel went upstairs to grab his swimsuit for the hotel, Lindsay walked over to Brian and Justin.  “You are doing an amazing job with him.  Actually you are with both your boys.  It is obvious they are loved and how much they love you.  I have missed him.  I really have.”

Justin hugged Lindsay.  “It is great seeing you, Lindz.” And with that Mel was downstairs with Gus and they were on their way out the door.

“Are you sure it was a good idea to keep Kevin out of sight?”

“I just thought dealing with them was enough right now.  I didn’t think we had time for the whole family history story.”

“I saw them pull out so I hope it is safe for me to come out of hiding,” Kevin said as he came into the kitchen.  How did it go?”

“They were on their best behavior and they will either have him back by 9:00 or they will call before that telling us he is staying there.”

“So what are our plans for the rest of the day?” Justin asked, looking at Brian.  “There are almost too many decorations in this house to do anything here.  The fridge is packed but there is nothing to eat. It is only 4:30.”

Brian thought for a minute, “How about we drive back into the city and eat at the diner? You can see how it compares to your local diner.  I am sure yours is better but this is a good old fashioned diner with all the dishes you expect.  Then we can decide if we want to go to a movie or….”

“May I make a suggestion?”  Kevin smiled over at Brian.

“I am sure we will end up at your diner sometime but tonight, what do you say we order in pizza or Chinese.  I just want to talk and hear about all your childhood adventures. We can watch a movie in that big theater room down the hall or we can crash on a bed and watch something from there. Hell, we could sit in the hot tub for all that, too.”

“Are you sure, Dad?” The word Dad slipped out without even thinking about it.

“Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day.  And that reminds me, you do your own thing.  I will be fine in the background or in a chair on the pool deck.  You will have guest and friends around.  I will be good.  But back to tonight.  I like anything on a pizza and I like anything spicy and chicken if you go Chinese.”

Justin walked over to Kevin and put a hand on his shoulder.  “I think that sounds like a perfect evening.  Since we haven’t really eaten anything since brunch, let’s order dinner now  and then we can decide if we want the spa or a movie or both.”

“That sounds perfect.” Brian pulled him close and kissed him.  Would you mind ordering?”

“Not at all. You two open some wine and sit outside where you can actually find a place that isn’t taken up by decorations.” 

Brian whispered, “Love you so much, Sunshine.”

“Can I take this guy out with us?” Kevin asked, picking up Aaron.

“Of course you can.  His sweater is right there and grab a blanket.” Justin helped with the sweater and then kissed both Kevin and Aaron.

“I love that man.” Brian said as they walked outside.

“I can understand why.  If I wasn’t a priest and I was gay, I would steal that man so fast.  He is as close to perfect as a man could be and he is completely perfect for you.”

“He saved me from myself.  Well, him and Jennifer.  When we thought he was dead, I had to be with them and they let me be there.”

“I wish I would have been there for you then.”

“Dad, you’re here now.”  He smiled as he watched Aaron settle into the crook of Kevin’s arm playing with one of his toys. 

Justin brought out Aaron’s highchair and placed him in it, feeding him before their food arrived. Brian went to the door when the food arrived and soon the three men and the baby watched the sun go down as they ate egg rolls and a couple chicken dishes.  “This place is really stunning.” Kevin looked around the yard. “And it is a perfect place for a wedding.  Did you get married here?”

“No, we got married on Lake Erie just over the Canadian side on a boat.  It was amazing.” Justin said, picking up a sleeping Aaron and sliding in next to Brian, who pulled them both close.

They sat out there for a few minutes, but as the sun moved down it got chillier.  “I am going to take this guy in and give him a bath.  It has been a crazy week for all of us and I have a feeling he hasn’t been sleeping as well at mom’s.” Justin kissed Brian and stood.  “Don’t rush.” Justin knew Brian would tell him what they talked about later but if it was his long lost father, he would like to spend time alone, even if they sat in silence.


“Do you think Justin will come back out?” Kevin asked.

“No, he is giving us space.  Tell me about growing up in the midwest.

The next half an hour Kevin told stories about his parents and grandparents.  He said he was an only child and his parents had died young so he hadn’t been back in Iowa for years.  “It was a great place to grow up.”

“It sounds like it. I’m getting cold.  Let’s go track down my wayward husband and see what he still has planned for this evening.  I know it is only about 8:30 yet.”

“Well, let’s go find him.”


Once Aaron was fast asleep, Justin got in bed and he set up the TV to play family movies he had downloaded on his computer.  He hadn’t watched them for a while. Justin’s phone rang and he picked it up. “Hi, Daddy J.  Where is Daddy? He didn’t answer his phone.”

“His phone is charging in the house and he is out by the pool with….”

“With my grandpa?”

“Yes, with your grandpa.  Are you having a good time with your moms?”

“I am.  I missed them.”

“I know you have.  Has everyone been happy?”

“They don’t kiss like you and Daddy all the time, but it makes me happy to see them.”

“So you are staying there tonight?”

“Is that OK, Daddy? You aren’t mad are you?”

“Of course we aren’t mad.  You have fun tonight.  Can I talk to one of your moms? Love you Gus.  We will see you tomorrow.”

“Justin,” Lindsay’s voice cracked.  “Just a minute.” Justin could hear her walking and a door shutting. “He is so special.  You and Brian…” She was crying hard now.  “He would never have been the boy he is now if he had been with us.”

“Oh, Lindsay, he is the same boy he has always been.”

“I …. We will have him home around 2:00 to get ready for the rehearsal.” The line went dead.

“Was that Gus?” Brian stuck his head in the bedroom. 

“Yes, like we figured, he is sleeping with them at the hotel.”

“Are we going to sleep already?”  Brian asked.

Kevin stuck his head in around Brian.  “I’ll see you two in the morning.  It looks like you are…”

“Go put on your pajamas and come join us for family movies?” Justin asked him.

“I’ll be back in five minutes.”

“Family movies?” Brian asked as he undressed and pulled on shorts and a t-shirt.

“I thought he would like to see Gus as a baby.”

“That’s perfect, Sunshine.  Gus was Ok with his moms.”

“Ya, Lindz is having a hard time.”

“Well, she deserves it. How many nights did Gus spend missing them?”


Ten minutes later Justin lay in the middle of the king sized bed between Kevin and Brian.  He rested his head on Brian’s chest as they watched a slideshow of pictures and some videos of Gus and then Aaron with Gus. As the computer finished up the show, Kevin glanced over at his son and son in law.  They were both sleeping.  He slipped out of bed but walked around the bed and kissed first Justin and then Brian. Justin woke. “Oh, sorry, we fell asleep,” he said softly.

“Sleep on, beautiful boy.  Keep making my son happy.  I will see you in the morning.” Kevin smiled as he walked to his room.

He got in his own bed and called Sally and Brandy.  “Hey, Father Kev, how is the family?” Brandy asked.

And then Sally’s voice came through, “And is that house as big as the pictures  showed?”

“It is everything I dreamed. My son and his family are as special as Justin said they were.”

“Oh Father Kev, you so deserve that,” Brandy said.  “Do you know when you will be home?”

“It will probably be 10 days or so.  I will keep in touch and let you know when I have a date.”

“Father Kev, enjoy and take lots of pictures of your family.”

“Goodbye girls, remember you are my family too.”  And with that the call ended.  Kevin lay back in bed falling into a content sleep.


“Good morning,” Justin said as he ran his fingers through Brian’s hair as Brian mouth moved up and down on his cock and Justin arched to feel more of Brian’s mouth. Justin shuttered as Brian took him over the edge. Brian then rolled off of him and Justin moved on top of him, slowly lowering himself onto Brian’s waiting erection and as they moved to meet each other their eyes locked. By the time Brian grabbed Justin’s hips and pressed him down as he thrust as hard as he could, he exploded with Justin following.  Justin dropped forward onto Brian’s chest.

“I would say we are pretty sticky now.” Brian kissed Justin.  “What do we have planned first today?

“We don’t have anything specific until the rehearsal but I  am sure they will need extra hands or moral support. By the way, have I told you how much I love your father.”

“He is an amazing man, isn’t he.”

“We have to shower before doing anything.” Justin stood and reached out to Brian.  Brian stood and took his hand leading him to the shower.

“We have time for a soak don’t we?”

“Now that sounds like a perfect way to start our day.” Soon they were in water up to their necks surrounded by the scent of lavender.


Kevin woke and went downstairs, finding people everywhere.  Ronni was just closing the door to the oven.  “Oh, Kevin, do you know where the masters of the house are?”

“I haven’t seen them this morning.  Are they with Aaron?”

“No, he is getting completely spoiled by my sisters and mother in Nate’s house.  Could you do me a favor.  I have a tray of breakfast ready for all of you and a carafe of coffee.” Kevin started to say something but she stopped him.  “I didn’t make it.  My sisters did. You can see there is no place for them to eat down here so I thought maybe you could bring this up to them so I can check that off my list.”

“Don’t you think about it.  I will take this up to them.  Do they know Aaron is with your family?”

“I told them I had him covered but, no, they don’t know he is in the pool house.”

“Ok, well, I am sure they will want to see him. My sons love their sons.”

“That they do, as much as any fathers I have ever seen. Now, I am off.”

“Go, Ronni, I am sure I can find anything we need.” 

After Ronni disappeared into the back room, Kevin stacked the tray with bowls of fruit, Greek yogurt, and muffins.  He added the carafe, mugs and then he noticed a mug with Justin’s name on it. He squeezed it onto the tray and moved toward the stairs.  He stopped outside the master bedroom and tapped.  He didn’t hear anything so he opened the door and saw the bed was empty and then he heard something from the bathroom.  He set the tray down and walked over to the door and heard a little splashing.

“Good morning, guys. Ronni sent me….”

“Come on in, Dad.  We are decent….now.” Brian said as he nuzzled Justin’s neck and kissed him.  “We decided since the boys were taken care of we would take a little time to relax.”

“It has been a long time but the flush on your cheeks does not say relax but it definitely says love.”

“So, Kevin, since becoming a priest have you ever….”

“No, when I made my vows to the big guy I committed.  I don’t hold it against any priest that has relationships.  It’s not for everyone.” He glanced at the tub again.  “I will grab my breakfast and leave….”

“No, don’t go.  We are ready to get out of here.  Pour the coffee. Spread out the food.  We will be out in just a couple minutes.”

Brian and Justin walked out with robes on and joined Kevin at the small table.  “Ronni always thinks of everything.” Justin picked up the mug and took a long sip.

“I have seen you drink that before.  What is it?”

“It is an herbal tea.  I don’t know if I would be functioning if it wasn’t for this.”

“Justin used to have headaches so bad he couldn’t leave his room for days.  He drinks this stuff everyday and now  he only has a really bad day a few days a year.”

“She is a marvelous find.  Oh, I was supposed to let you know her sisters are spoiling Aaron in the pool house.  He is in good hands.”

“I am sure he is.  After breakfast we will go relieve them.”

“They may not give him back.  That little guy is so loveable,” Kevin said as he bit into a strawberry cream muffin.  “I am going to be so spoiled by the time I go home.”

“You are welcome to stay as long as you like.” Brian put his hand on his dad’s shoulder.

“Well, I will be here at least another week but then I am going to have to head back.  I can’t be gone too long.”

“We know you have an important job down there. We do understand.  We are just selfish.”

“Well, you will just have to bring your boys down sometime this summer.”

“Oh, we will be there.” Brian said.


As the day moved on, everyone’s family began to arrive for the rehearsal.  At some point the   wedding cake arrived and Nate, along with Tracy started adding the last touches. The trick was keeping it out of everyone else’s sight.  They had ended up putting it in the formal dining room and the last few things would be done tomorrow after all the pieces were put together and the last touches added.

Kevin was playing with Aaron in the formal living room in the one small spot there was to play on the floor.  “I’m home!” Gus’ voice echoed as he came in the front door.

“Gagagagagagaga!” Aaron chimed in excited to hear his brother’s voice.

“Moms, here’s Aaron.  I missed my brother.” Gus rushed over to Kevin and hugged Aaron.  “Moms, come meet my grandpa.”

Just as Gus said this Brian walked up, “That’s a good idea.  Dad, let me introduce you to Gus’ moms.” Brian made the introductions.  “It’s a long story but Kevin Cain is my biological father and he has been more of a father in the last couple days than Jack Kinney ever was. But right now, Gus, Daddy J is upstairs in our room.  Let him know you’re home and you can change into your clothes for the rehearsal.”

“Ok, Daddy.” Gus reached up to Brian who bent down and accepted a kiss.  “I hadn’t kissed you yet today.”

“Love you, Gus.”

“Love you, too, Daddy.”

Lindz looked over at Mel, “That is special and don’t you dare say it isn’t.”


Justin was helping Gus get ready for the wedding rehearsal when he heard Emmett’s panicked voice calling him. “I’m in Gus’ room,” he called out. 

Emmett came rushing in.  “It’s horrible.  What am I doing?” 

“What is the problem, Em?”  He patted Gus’ knee and got up and walked to the nervous groom.

“I don’t think I can do this.  How could I ever think I could marry someone like James? It deserves someone so much better…. Someone that ….”

Justin gave him a reassuring hug, “Em, you are the one that loves him.  And even more important, you are the one he loves.”

There was a tug on Em’s hand, “Uncle Em?”

“Yes, Gus?”  Em responded glancing down into a very sincere face.

“Gus, Em may not feel like talking…”

“It’s Ok, Justin.” Em squatted next to Gus, “What is it, Gus?”

“I know Uncle James loves you and you know how?”

Em smiled. “How do you know that, Gus?”

“Because he looks at you the same way Daddy looks at Daddy J.”

Emmett picked Gus up and kissed him while he spun around. “That was the best thing you could have ever said. Thanks, Gus.  You are the best ring bearer ever.”

Em looked at Justin, “Sunshine, if he looks at me like that, it’s no wonder why my body tingles when he is around. I need to finish getting ready.  My daddy will be here in 10 minutes.” With that Em rushed out again.

“Daddy, can I go talk to Uncle James? I know he just came into the house.”

“Sure, let’s go downstairs. I need to check your brother’s diaper before all this happens.”  Justin watched Gus run down the stairs.  He wondered what that boy was thinking.

Gus rushed into the main room and ran directly to James.  He tugged on James' arm and James picked Gus up.  Gus whispered something to James and James kissed the little boy on the top of his head and set him down and, after excusing himself from his aunts he walked to the counter.  He pulled out paper and a pen.  Three minutes later he handed the paper to Gus and Gus rushed back to the stairs. He rushed to Emmett’s room and knocked but rushed in before Emmett called to him.

“Gus, I’m sorry but I really don’t have time…” 

“I just need to give you this.” He handed the note to Em and rushed right back out.

Em recognised the handwriting immediately.  James’ note said, ‘My Emmy, I think I loved you the first time I met you. I love you with all my heart and know I am the luckiest man in the world because I get to wake up next to you every day the rest of my life.’ Tears ran down his cheeks.  That little kid has got to be one of my favorite people and he could only pray they had one half that kind.

Em was running a comb through his hair as there was a knock on the door again. He sighed.  He had hoped for a few minutes alone but he walked over and opened the door.  “Hey, Emmett.”

Bennett stood in front of him. “Daddy, come in!” Em led him into the guest room.

“I know you are in a rush and I am not good at this stuff but I was wondering if you would maybe wear this tomorrow.” Bennett pulled out the watch he had received when he retired.  “I will understand if you don’t want to.  I know I don’t have any idea about style.”

“Oh, Daddy,” Em reached out and gently took the watch.  “I would be honored to wear it.” Bennett reached out and pulled his son close. “Your Mama would be so proud.  You have done so well for yourself.  Now, we need to get downstairs for a rehearsal.”  Bennett linked arms with Em and they walked toward the door.


The rehearsal went well.  Father Tom kept everyone relaxed while making sure they were all confident about what they were to do the next day.  Ronni had tables set up all over the pool deck and long tables of food being served by her sisters and Tracy.  Gus sat by his moms as he ate but then he went from table to table talking to everyone. 

“He must have really missed us.  We come 3000 miles to see him and he doesn’t even want to spend time with us,”  Mel grumbled.

“You know that’s not fair.  He just met his grandfather and he’s five.  He is just enjoying all the people.

“Ya,” Melanie had to concede to that.  “He really has grown a lot, hasn’t he.  Maybe we should have him come to live in Europe with us.”

“Us? What are you talking about? There is no us anymore. You live in Spain.  I live in England.  So we are going to take him from this very stable, loving home to the chaos of our individual lives.” 

“So you are saying you are willing to give up our son?  You are going to let them take…”

From a distance Brian watched Mel and Lindsay getting wound up.  He stood and walked over to the table they sat at alone.  “I think it is time for the two of you to leave before you ruin the evening.  If you two can behave tomorrow for the wedding, Gus can choose if he wants to stay at the hotel, with you.”

“Come on, Brian.  We will…” Lindsay started to say.

“Go yell, scream, fight.  Get it out of your system tonight because I will have no patience for it tomorrow.” With that Brian turned and walked over to Justin, taking Aaron out of his arms.  “Are they leaving?”

“Yes, they are.  What did you say to them?”

“I told them to go fight it out and hopefully tomorrow they will act like grownups.” Em and James walked past Brian and Justin so into each other they didn’t even notice Brian and Justin.  “Want to bet what they are going to do?”

“Bri, they haven’t made love since last weekend.  I don’t think they will ruin that now.” Justin ran his hand over Brian’s ass.  “Damn these slacks make your ass a work of art and I know art.”

“How the hell have they waited a week?”

“Why do you think Em has been sleeping here?” Justin kissed Aaron and then Brian handed Aaron to Kevin who was walking past and pulled Justin to him.  By the time they separated everyone in the crowd cheered.


James and Emmett were just around the corner, out of sight from everyone.  Emmett leaned against the wall and pulled James against him.  He kissed James, not letting him move away until he was done abusing his mouth. “Damn, Jamesy, that note.”

“Gus told me you needed a love note.”

“That kid….”

“Is wise beyond his years and has so much love.”

“I love you, James.  Tomorrow by this time.”

“I hope we are in the penthouse, naked in the room’s spa and I have my…”

“Stop!  I will never make it 24 hours.”

They stood in the kitchen kissing until they heard people walking through the kitchen as people left.  They stood holding each other, saying goodbye.  Kevin walked in carrying a sleepy Gus. Gus saw the grooms and asked his grandpa to put him down. He walked over to Em and smiled up at him and James. 

“See, Uncle Em.  I told you he looks at you like Daddy looks at Daddy J.”

Em dropped to a knee and hugged him.  “You are right, Gus.  Thank you for reminding me.”

“I need to go to bed.  We have a wedding to go to tomorrow.”  Gus walked over to Kevin who picked him up.  He waved at Em and James before laying his head down on Kevin’s shoulder and shutting his eyes.

Justin handed Aaron over to Brian and then walked over to the grooms.  “Say goodnight, Em.” Justin kissed James’ cheek and then stood there until they kissed.  Justin walked upstairs with Em and as they got to Em’s door he said, “Tomorrow is the big day.  I am so happy for you both.”

“I love him so much.” Em teared up.  “Thank you for everything.”

 

“Get some sleep.  You have the best day of your life ahead.”


Chapter 10 by Simply written

Chapter 10 


The day was picture perfect and Emmett was awake early. He looked out the window seeing the activity. There was a knock on the door.  “Emmett, are you up?” Ronni’s voice wafted in.

He tied his robe shut and responded, “Come in.”

“Are you trying to see a glimpse of James?”

“No, I know he slept at the hotel.” Emmett hugged his mother in law as she walked up to him. “The weather looks perfect.”

“It is. I took a walk as the sun came up. I think your mama is smiling down making it a lovely day.”

Emmett blinked away the tears. “I was just thinking about her.  She would have loved a day like this.  Daddy would have made a fuss about the amount of money she spent on her dress but he would have smiled  and said how beautiful she looked.”

“Your father is a lovely man.”

“Yes, he is.”

“But you are missing your mama.” She led him to the bed and they sat side by side. “Em, a year ago when you two first met, I still was trying to wrap my mind around that my boy was never going to marry a pretty little girl and wondering why I didn’t know it years ago. And when he looked at you and the look you gave him in return told me you would take care of my boy.”

“I will never do anything to hurt him, Ronni...Mom. I would die for your son.”

Ronni gently put a hand on his cheek and kissed the opposite one.  “Welcome to the family, Em.  I love you.”

“Oh, Mom, I love you, too!” They hugged for several moments until Em’s phone started playing the wedding march.

“I will leave.  I know you and Jamie will want to talk.” She kissed him once more and was out the door by the time Em answered.

“Good morning, Jamesy.”

“Hello, love.” 

“Your mama was just here wishing me a happy day.”

“Em, I want you to walk to your door and open it.”

“But why…”

“Just go open the door, love.”

Emmett walked to the door and opened it.  There stood Gus with a small box.  “Hold it straight.” Gus said as he handed it to Em. He turned and skipped to his room next door and just before going in he turned back.  He smiled and waved before Em saw Brian’s hand pulling him in.

“Em, you still there?” James' voice wafted up from his hand.

“Oh, yes. I’ve had a delivery. We said we weren’t getting each other anything. We said on the honeymoon we would shop.”

“Don’t tip the box Gus gave you.  Set it on a table.” 

“Gus warned me.  What did you do James”

“If you just pull the ribbon you’ll be able to lift the lid.” 

Em put his phone on speaker and laid the phone down as he pulled that red satin.  “What is…”

“Lift the lid.”

Em slowly lifted the lid and inside was a travel mug.  He could see the steam on the lid and ever so slowly lifted the cup.  He brought it to his mouth and took a sip.  It was his favorite blend of coffee.  “Ummmm, you know me so well but is there a reason for this.”

“Did you see what the mug says?”

Emmett had to laugh.  “Property of James. I will always be yours. You know that.”

“I know it is silly but.” A picture came in and Em saw James holding ‘Property of Emmett’.  “I wanted to have coffee together the day of our wedding.  This is the first day of the rest of our lives and I see us drinking a cup of coffee together most mornings and talking about our day ahead. So, do you have anything planned today?” James’ voice was light and happy.

“I plan to marry the love of my life,” Em responded.  And they talked about the day ahead as they drank their coffee together.

It was about noon when Justin carried a tray into Em’s room. “I thought you should have a little lunch, so when I saw your sister and sister in law leave I brought this up.”

“I love them both dearly but they were driving me up a wall.  They wouldn’t stop hovering.” Em looked at the tray, “I don’t think I could eat a thing. My stomach is doing more cartwheels than a gymnast at the Olympics.”

Justin laughed, “You have always had a way with words.” He set the tray down on the bed and they both stretched out on either side of the tray. “You need to eat a little something.  I just have some fruit and turkey sandwiches.”

“You didn’t bring any whiskey, did you?”

“Em, you know that would not be a good idea however the thermos has some of Veronica’s magic tea.  She says it will have a calming effect and you know I am a big proponent of her herbal drinks.” Justin poured Em a cup of it and Emmett drank it.

“I hope she has all of her recipes written down.  I just had an idea.  Maybe I could start a business with Ronni and we could sell this stuff.”

“Well, you seem to be more relaxed and,” Justin pointed to the empty plate where the sandwich had been, “you have put something in your stomach. 

“Sunshine, I don’t know if I am ready for this.  I don’t know if I can…”

“Emmett, you have been ready for this since you were 16, or at least you thought you were.  But you have been ready since you were 26 and you deserve this.  But now if you are done eating, I will take this down and I know your sisters will be here in a few minutes.”

“Justin, you aren’t upset that I asked Ted to be my bestman are you?”

“Absolutely not.  You and Ted have been friends for a long time and, face it, you have gone through a lot together.

Em nodded, “Can I be honest?”

“Of course, Em, what is it?”

“Right now, I wish we had eloped.  I just want to be with James. All this waiting…”

“You may feel that way right now but you and I both know in six months you will think back on this day and be glad for the memories.”  Justin picked up the tray and kissed his cheek.  “Enjoy every minute.”

As Justin walked out several of his family members walked in.


By 2:30 guests were arriving.  James was waiting in the pool house and when Ronni was sure everything was ready she slipped in to talk to her son. James had been pacing in the small house for the last half hour.  “Jamie, how are you, son.” James hugged his mom. “Sit down. I want to talk to you.”

“Mama, you are happy….”

“Oh, son, we are both blessed.  Em may not be who I pictured for you but he is who you belong with. I spoke to him earlier this morning and told him all this.  I remember the day you were born.  I was so scared I didn’t know how to be a mother but you made it so easy.  You were, you are the perfect son and now you have blessed me with another wonderful son. I couldn’t be happier and I want you to enjoy your honeymoon and then when you get back, I can’t wait to see the life you will build together.”

James hugged his mom, “You are the best mother anyone could have.”


Brian and Justin were near the gate as people came into their backyard when they heard Mel and Lindsay coming before they could see them. Justin saw the look on Brian’s and said, “Let me go talk to them. He handed Aaron to Bri.  “Go check his diaper before the ceremony starts.”

Justin rushed to the gate before the women came through it. “What the hell were you thinking, Mel! Tonight is our last night with Gus.  I wanted to just stay at the hotel.”

“But that’s not exciting for Gus.”

“Mel, Gus doesn’t want excitement.  He wants your time and love,” Justin kissed Mel’s cheek as he walked over and then did the same to Lindsay.  “And right now the two of you are going to go through that gate and you are going to remember when you loved each other and act like human beings.  And if you get one step out of line, I promise you, your asses are out of here and you will not have the evening with Gus!” Justin opened the gate and waved them through.


Ted helped Emmett button his shirt.  He was shaking so much he was having difficulty with the small buttons. “Ted, thank you for being here for me. We’ve got history, don’t we?”

“You know, there was a short time we might be doing this.”

“You and I both knew we didn’t belong together.  Our friendship was too important.”

Em hugged him, “You are so right.  We would have killed each other.”

“I am so happy for you.  James is perfect for you.   You will be there for each other.”

“And, Ted, he has the most amazing….”

Ted kissed him. “I am sure he does but right now, you need to finish getting dressed.  I just felt my phone, which means you have about ten minutes.”


Nate rushed out of the room where the cake was and ran right into Tom. “Well, hello. Are you still working on the cake?”

“I just made sure the assistants know how to move it.” 

Tom ran his hands up and down Nate’s arms as he quickly looked around.  “Are you free tonight or are you going to be at the hotel?”

“I am not sure. My parents…” Tom kissed him. “Damn, we need to talk.  I’ll let you know after the wedding.” Nate rushed out the door.  Jenn and Tuck sat with the guests while Molly was going to sit next to Brian and Justin and if Aaron was tired of it she could take him into the house. 

Brian and Justin had seen the interaction between Tom and Nate, “Do you think those two are alright? I kind of wonder if Nate is falling for him.  He has been kind of withdrawn lately.” Brian said as he kissed Justin. 

“I think Nate has more going on.” Justin kissed him once more, “We need to go  James just brought Ronni out to her chair.” Brian and Justin walked out and moved to their spots where there were spots for Molly and Kevin.Gus was waiting with Molly while Kevin held Aaron.  

James led Bennett to his chair where his family was already sitting near him. Bennett hugged James, “Welcome to my family, James.”  James kissed the older man’s cheek.  Tom found his spot and James moved to stand near him behind a screen so he couldn’t see 

By now Emmett and Ted were downstairs and waited. The music of Christopher Robin started and they watched a very proud Gus pulling the little wagon with his brother to the front.  “Are they not the most adorable children? Who would have thought Brian Kinney would have been the first married and a true family man?” Em said as he squeezed Ted’s hand.  Molly and Kevin slipped down the side aisle and Molly pulled the wagon to where they were sitting.

“Well, it’s my turn.” Ted said as the music changed.  Ted watched James’ best man walk down the aisle and then followed. When he got to the front he looked over at James.  He loved Blake to death but James was a spectacular looking man and he was as sweet as he was handsome.  

The music changed again. The upbeat song ‘Marry You’ by Bruno Mars began to play. As Em positioned himself at the end of the aisle, James’ best man moved the screen so, for the first time, Emmett and James could see each other. They weren’t wearing tuxedos.  They were both wearing white button downs with colorful ties and vests. As soon as their eyes locked they started moving toward each other.  James could barely wait  in his appointed spot. 

The ceremony was short and sweet.  Tom talked about the love he knew they had for each other and that together, although they would have struggles, they would thrive with the happiness they would share.

"Instead of traditional vows Em and James have asked me to read the following in lieu of vows.

Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth.

Treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness, and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulties, and fear assail your relationship, as they threaten all relationships at one time or another, remember to focus on what is right between you, not only the part which seems wrong. In this way, you can ride out the storms when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives—remembering that even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there. And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight."

(In Apache tradition a wedding blessing is read to the couple instead of vows.)

As Father Tom read, Emmett and James moved closer together.  They held hands but soon, they moved even closer and as soon as Tom finished, James pulled Emmett close and kissed him. “Um, guys we really aren’t up to that point yet.”

“Oops, sorry.” James blushed and took a small step back.

“James, do you have a token of your love?”

James looked at Gus and Ted touched his shoulder.  Gus walked over and stood between James and Emmett. James reached down and pulled the satin ribbon that held the ring in place. Em held out his left hand where his father’s watch was displayed proudly.  “Emmett Honeycutt, I love you and want you to be mine for the rest of our lives. Will you accept this ring?”

“Of course I will.” James slipped the ring on his finger.

Now it was Emmett’s turn.  He bent down kissed Gus’ cheek before he pulled the other ribbon and picked up the other ring.  “James, my love, I waited for so long to find my true love and even though I have loved before, he smiled at Ted, I knew my soulmate was still to come. From the moment I met you I knew I was done looking. Jamesy, will you accept this ring as a token of my devotion to you.”

“For eternity,” James responded and then looked at Father Tom.  

“I now pronounce you partners for life. You may now kiss your husband.”

James took Em in his arms and bent him backward in a deep dip.  The guests stood and applauded. 

“Partners for life, my ass.” Lindsay said softly.

Brian, who was sitting the row ahead of Gus’ moms, gave Lindz such a scathing look neither of them said another word.

James and Em went to the area near the house that was set up for the grooms to greet their guests and drinks and appetizers were out for everyone to mingle and eat.

“That was a lovely ceremony,” Kevin commented as he held Gus in one arm and had his other hand on Molly’s shoulder as he spoke to Brian and Justin.  “Was your wedding like that?”

“Well, not exactly because we were on a boat and didn’t really know our witnesses but the important thing was we were there together.”

“I wish they would get married again so I could see it,” Molly said.  “But everyone knows they love each other so it really doesn’t matter.” 

Mel and Lindsay each went their own way and chatted with friends they hadn’t seen in a year. Emmett’s family and then James’ congratulated the couple with Bennett standing with them as well as Ronni.  

Tracy was supervising the kitchen but her assistants handled it well so she could be involved in the festivities. Nathan turned everything over as well after making sure everything was to his standards.

Brian and Justin let the other guests talk to the couple first but when most people had given best wishes, Brian and Justin walked up to their friends. “Congratulations,” Justin said as he hugged them one at a time. “Everything was just perfect.”

“We couldn’t have done it without the two of you.  We may never have even met.” James commented.

“You two would have found each other,” Brian said.  “You are the only guy that has enough patience for Emmett, James.”  Everyone laughed. “Em, you know l….”

“I know, Brian.  I love you, too.”


Nathan popped into the pool house to get rid of his shoes.  Just as he slipped them off a shadow was cast over his bed.  Nate looked up and Tom stood in the doorway. He stepped in and shut the door. “Please tell me you are sleeping here tonight. We need to talk. We need to…” Tom pulled Nate off the bed and into his arms.  They kissed and Nate began to undo Tom’s pants but Tom stepped back.  “We can’t… we need to get back out there.”

“Tom, I do have to go to the hotel but why don’t you sleep here.  My family leaves for the airport at 5:00 a.m. so I could be back here by 5:30. Please wait for me.”

“I will be here.” Tom kissed him once more and then the two of them walked out to the party. Tom saw Brian and Kevin across the pool.  “What do you think of Kevin?”

“I haven’t spent much time with him since I have been doing the cake but from what I have seen he is a great guy.  He is very good with the kids and it is obvious he loves Brian and Justin already.”

“I agree.  I think he is genuine. I have only known Brian a few weeks but I swear I have seen a softness I had only seen with the boys. Oh, I have got to go.  They are moving the cake.” Tom’s hand brushed his as he jogged off, sending a shiver through both of them.


“Please, can I have everyone’s attention,” Kevin said loudly in his deep baritone voice. “Our beautiful grooms asked if you would find your seats for dinner.  If you haven’t found your spot please ask one of our servers at either corner of the dining area and they will help you find your seat.  I have been smelling these amazing aromas for days and can tell you that you are in for a great meal and then please stay for dancing.  Our grooms would like nothing more than for you to enjoy yourselves.” 

As Kevin wrapped up, he saw people finding their spots.  Gus had two seats.  There was one by his mothers and one by his dads. “Gus, why don’t you go over to your moms.  You only have one more day with them before they have to return to their jobs,” Justin said.

“Daddy J do they leave tomorrow or the next day?”

“You will be with them all day tomorrow but then they leave very early the next morning. Is that alright?”

“Ya, that’s Ok.  I am glad they came to visit.” Gus kissed Justin and then Brian and Kevin before running toward his moms. 

“Did I hear your names correctly? You are Lindsay,” Bennett said down next to her.  “And you are Mel?”

“Yes, Mr. Honeycutt, and I think you have met our son, Gus.” Mel said as Gus came running up, hugging first Mel and then Lindz.

“Oh, indeed I have. He is a wonderful boy.”

“Mama Mel, can I sit by Mr. Honeycutt?”

Mel moved over so he was sitting next to his older friend. Soon the meal was served and along with the others at the table, there was pleasant conversation. Mel downed the glass of wine in front of her and held up her glass.  One of the servers refilled it.  “Mel, the evening is early.  Don’t you think you should…” Lindsay said softly.

“You can drive us to the hotel!” Mel said a little louder but still acceptable. “And then after spending time our boy tomorrow we are going back to Europe without him.”

“Mel, you and I both know we are not …” 

“Mama, Mom, I’m done eating. Can I go talk to friends?”

“Sure, Gus, just be careful near the pool,” Lindsay said as he ran off.

“Why didn’t you ask him to stay with us? We should really fight for custody.”

“Mel, WE? When is the last time we were we?”

“You two ladies are very lucky.  That boy of yours is a treat.” Bennitt started talking.  He hadn’t heard any of their conversation as he had been talking to a couple of his children before they walked off to see the wedding cake while it was still whole. “I hope you know how lucky you are to have one that is so special.  Emmett was a lot like that as a boy.  He had such a big heart and sweet demeanor, just like Gus.  And to think, all the years I missed out on with him because I was too pigheaded to admit my own mistakes. I know I will be apart from him because we live across the country but I will never again be without him.  We will visit and we will talk.  Missed out on far too much. Never again.” Bennitt looked up and saw Emmett waving him over. “Speaking of not missing out, excuse me ladies.” Bennitt stood and began to cross over to him.

Mel and Lindsay looked at each other. Lindsay started opening her mouth and Mel raised her hand, touching her cheek.  “Not now, Lindz, please.  I need to just think for a bit.”

Lindsay leaned over and kissed her cheek, “We’ll talk later.  Maybe have a dance?”

“Yes, a dance.” Mel got up and walked away. Lindsay stood and started walking over to Blake and Ted but out of nowhere, there was an arm wrapped around her waist and then she heard Aaron chattering.

“Brian, you scared me.” 

“I called your name but you didn’t hear me.”

Lindsay reached out and touched Aaron’s cheek, “May I hold him?”

Brian handed him over.  “He isn’t afraid of anyone.”

“He has no reason to be.  He has never been in danger.” Lindz snuggled him. “I know right now I would not be able to give Gus what you give him.  My heart hurts being away from him but….I know I lost sight for a while but I promise Brian, I will be back by the end of the year.  Please, don’t take this to court until then.  And I know there is no  future between Mel and me but we both love that boy and by the time I come back we will have things straightened out.  I don’t know what it will be yet but we will work it out.”

“Oh, Lindsay, I am so glad to hear that. I think meeting Kevin has given me a new outlook on life and I would hate it if Gus didn’t have all of us.” 

“Hey Brian, can you come over here for a minute,” Justin called.

Brian started reaching for Aaron.  “I’ll keep him. I’ll bring him back when he’s wet or gets fussy.” Lindsay smiled.

Brian kissed her cheek and moved toward Justin.  

Lindsay talked to Ted and Blake for a few minutes even though most of the conversation was focused on Aaron.  He was starting to get fussy so she started to walk with him. “Hey, Lindsay, I’ll take this little guy off your hands.  He is coming home with Molly and me.  I think he is partied out.”

“Brian and Justin are doing such a great job with both of the boys.”

“I was going to stay out of this but Lindsay, Mom to Mom.  Please don’t do anything that can’t be undone.  You haven’t lost Gus, yet. I lost my son, once, and now, I don’t know how I lived that year and a half.  Brian and Justin don’t want to do anything drastic but they will if Gus will be hurt.” Jenn said all of this with kindness but she meant every word.

Lindsay handed Aaron over to Jenn and without a word, she walked away.


It was Kevin’s turn to get everyone’s attention again.  This time he used the sound system being used for the dance.  “Everyone, our grooms are going to cut the cake so if you would like to gather around.  If you haven’t seen this masterpiece before we eat it, this is your last chance.” 

The crowd came around the cake.  They had it lit so the gray, dusty plum, and deep navy nearly glowed from the silver dust that had been used for highlights. Em took the mic from Kevin, “I hope everyone had a chance to look at this masterpiece.  Nathan, it is stunning.” Emmett pulled Nate over to them and both he and James hugged him.  Nate then stepped back out of the limelight and bumped directly into Tom who pulled him back into the shadows so they could hold hands for a few moments. 

“Before we cut the cake,” James started, “Em and I both know we haven’t said a lot today but all of you know I am not a public speaker and my Em and I know how we feel for each other.  But right now we would like to call my mom, Veronica.”

“And my daddy, Bennett, up here.”  Both of their parents came up and stood next to them. “Daddy, I just want to thank you for coming and tell you how much I love you. I know Mama is here, too, and she loves you more than ever.” Emmett and his father hugged and then to Em’s surprise, Bennett took the mic.

“Emmett, I have told you this but now I want to make sure everyone else knows how proud I am of the man you have become. I love you, boy.”

Bennett quickly handed the mic back and moved quickly to his daughter’s side and Emmett handed the mic to James. And it was his turn to speak again.  “Mother,” Ronni slipped her arm around James’ waist dwarfed by her son’s size. “Thank you for always putting me first and telling me I could be anything I wanted to be. I know how hard you had to work but you never complained. I love you.” Ronni stood on her tiptoes and kissed him and then rushed to Dante where he held her close.  

Brian and Justin stood with their arms around each other.  Nearby Kevin sat in a chair with a sleepy Gus on his lap. He was staying awake to eat a piece of cake. Justin smiled at his father in law and son and then as Em and James fed each other a piece of the cake, Brian pulled Justin and kissed him.  “Do you wish we would have had a ceremony like this?”

Justin smiled up at him.  “No, I am glad it was just you and me.  We had the party when we got back but the party we had the night of the wedding, just you and me…”

Brian growled low in his throat. “Damn, I love you. I hope you aren’t too tired.  I have plans.” Now it was Justin’s turn to groan. 

As Nate cut cake for everyone, the music started and James took Emmett’s hand and led him out to the dance floor.  ‘Thinking Out Loud’ by Ed Sheeran came floating through the air.

When your legs don't work like they used to before

And I can't sweep you off of your feet

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

 

And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70

And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe just the touch of a hand

Oh me I fall in love with you every single day

And I just wanna tell you I am

 

(James pulled Em close as the two men swayed. Em laid his head on James' chest.)

 

So honey now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are

 

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades

And the crowds don't remember my name

When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm

I know you will still love me the same

 

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen

Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

 

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe it's all part of a plan

I'll just keep on making the same mistakes

Hoping that you'll understand

 

But baby now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

That maybe we found love right where we are, oh

 

So baby now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

That maybe we found love right where we are

 

Oh baby, we found love right where we are (maybe)

And we found love right where we are


As the song came to an end Em and James held each other’s hands, looked up to the sky to see the thousand stars and spun in a circle but as they slowed and came together their only movements were their lips and their hearts.

As the next song started the dance floor filled Mel walked over to Father Kevin, “Do you mind if we dance one dance and then we will take the little monster,” she ruffled Gus’ hair and winked at him.

“No rush.  I love spending time with my grandson.” Kevin smiled at her.

Mel walked over and took her wife’s hand, “Will you do me the honor?”

“Yes,” she said as they walked toward the music.

Lindsay and Mel danced and seemed to gain familiarity with each other as time went on. “I am sorry it has gotten to this point,” Mel said softly.

“It wasn’t just you.  We both tried but we just aren’t meant to be together but we need to stay friends for Gus’ sake.”

“Yes, you’re right.”

“I told Brian I would be back in the states by the end of the year and that you and I would have things worked out between us.”

“Lindsay, I will always love you but we haven’t been in love for a long time.”

“I know and now that we both admit it,” Lindsay smiled at Mel, “I think we will both be fine.”


Two hours later, the party was winding down. The DJ did the last call for a dance.  Tom looked around and saw it was mostly family at this point and he walked over to Nathan and held out his hand.  Nate took it and they joined Brian and Justin, Ted and Blake, as well as a couple of James’ college friends.  Nate and Tom started out with space between them but soon the gap closed and Nathan’s head rested on Tom’s chest.  “I’ve been worried about you, Nate.”

“We will talk about it tomorrow.” Nate dropped a kiss in the hollow of Tom’s neck, “And when I get back tomorrow morning I will show you how much I have missed you, too.” 

Tom had lost his restraint.  His mouth came down on Nate’s and lingered there. When he raised his head he said, “You won’t be back soon enough.” As the music stopped and they separated.

“At least it is obvious that you haven’t been out looking for someone to sleep with, not as horny as you are.” Nate rushed off to his parents who were saying goodbye to Em.

“Daddy, I promise, I will visit at least every four times a year and maybe you can visit.  You could come up for part of the summer.  It isn’t as hot here and we have the pool.”

“Oh my sweet Em.  Maybe next summer.  This summer you are a newlywed. The two of you need space but I will come visit and you will too.” Em said goodbye to all his family and as he watched them walk to the hotel bus it was James’ turn.

He said goodbye to his aunts and his grandmother.  He also made the promise of a visit and they all talked about coming up for Ronni’s wedding. It wasn’t planned at all but they all knew it was coming. And then the place was empty of guests. The staff they had assisting had started cleaning up quietly much earlier and most of the tables and chairs had been folded up and moved out of the yard to be picked up tomorrow. Tracy had taken care of all the food, packing it into the fridge in the house and the little bit that was left she put in the pool house. 

Brian and Justin walked over and each put an arm around one of the grooms who were now standing alone.  Em looked at his friends, “We can’t thank you enough.  The day was perfect.”

“It was perfect because you are meant to be.” Justin smiled at the grooms.  “Now, you two get out of here.  Your limo is here and the honeymoon suite is waiting for you.  I know you have all this but you leave mid afternoon and by Monday you will be at your destination.  

“When are you going to tell me where we are going, Jamesy?”

“Well, I guess when we get to the airport because they aren’t going to not say the name.” James kissed him.  “But why don’t we go to the hotel and I promise I will take your mind off of the trip for now.” 

Em took James’ hand, “Well, I guess we are ready to leave.” James said as he kissed Em.  “We will see you in three weeks.” And with that the men walked out of the gate.

“Where is Ronni? I thought she would be here.” Justin looked around. 

Brian kissed him, “They had a private goodbye earlier.  It was short and sweet. I think this is harder on her than she wants us to know.” They walked over to the chairs where the two priests were sitting.

Kevin smiled up at them, “Well, son, you know how to throw a party.”

“I had very little to do with it, except opening my wallet”

“That’s not true Bri! You just don’t realize how much those two men look to you for support.” Justin looked at Tom, “You sleeping here tonight? You are welcome.  We have plenty of empty rooms.”

“I am sleeping at Nate’s.  He plans to be back before sunrise.  I know I shouldn’t ask but do you have any idea what has been bothering him? I know he was busy with the wedding but there is something going on with him.”

“Tom, I thought this was going to just be a friends with benefits thing.”

“It was...it is...but I guess in my profession I am trained to care so being as close to him as I am…”  he glanced at Kevin feeling guilty his flesh was so weak.

“Tom, I am not a better priest than you.  I could never have a congregation looking to me for guidance.  I could never stand in front of them and talk week after week.  We both have our strengths and weaknesses and I have never felt celibacy made any difference on how good a priest you are.”

“Thanks, Kevin.  I am so glad I am getting a chance to get to know you.”

“Well I will be around a week or so yet.  I will make sure we get to talk ‘shop’.”

“Well, I am heading to bed.  I plan to get some sleep, hoping it will be a very short night.” Tom waved goodnight and walked to the pool house.

“I am heading to bed myself.” Kevin stood and hugged both Brian and Justin.  

“Goodnight, Kevin.  Sleep in.  It’s Sunday tomorrow and between 8:00 and 10:00 this house will be a beehive as they clear everything out.  Mom is going to make us lunch.  Once we have Aaron we will go to the hotel and pick up Gus.  Then our lives can get back to normal.”  Justin informed Kevin.

“Oh, I never thought…. You probably are ready to have normalcy.  I can go home anytime.” Kevin said apologetically.

“No!” Brian jumped in. “I’m not ready to lose you so soon.”

Kevin stepped up to Brian and pulled him close, “Brian, you are never going to lose me. I love you, son.” Brian held onto his dad tightly for a moment and then stepped back.

“I love you, too.” Brian’s voice was soft and Justin could tell his emotions were on the edge.

“I don’t know about you two but I am really ready for bed,” Justin said.

The three men walked in the house as Tracy was turning off lights. She waved goodbye and locked the door as she walked out. Kevin went upstairs but Justin stopped to heat some water, knowing it would be smart to drink a cup of his tea. Once he had turned on the burner, he turned to Brian.  “Are you alright? I could hear in your voice…”

Brian pulled him tight and just held onto him.  “This is all still so unbelievable.  I almost feel like I am in a movie.” The tea kettle whistled and Brian stepped away.  Justin made his tea and together they walked up the stairs. “Do you have a headache, Sunshine?”

“No, not like you’re talking about.  It has been a long day and I can tell I am tired but it’s a normal headache I have most evenings.”

“I forget sometimes that you always  have a headache.”

“Not always and everyone has aches and pains on a daily basis.” Justin sat on the loveseat and Brian dropped next to him.  As Justin sipped the tea, Brian kissed his neck and cheek as he ran his fingers through Justin’s hair. Justin drank the tea as fast as he could, having an idea of Brian’s plan for the night.  “You are really distracting,” he said as he set the cup on the side table. Justin stood and reached for Brian’s hand.

“Are you up to this tonight? Laying next to you is all I need.”

“Well, I need a hell of a lot more than that,” Justin said as he unbuttoned Brian’s shirt.  As soon as he was able, Justin pulled the shirt over Brian’s head and then allowed Brian to do the same to him.  “You looked so amazing today.  It’s a good thing Em and James were stunning or you would have distracted the guests.”

“Sunshine, first of all, if anyone took attention away from the grooms it was my father.  He does have something that draws people but that is something you know about too.”

“Bri, you know you don’t have to try with him.  He loves you.  He will always love you.”

“I know, I just am having a hard time understanding why.”

Justin undid Brian’s fly and slid his pants down. “I understand completely why he fell in love with you at first sight although for different reasons.” Justin slipped his own pants off and pressed his naked body against Brian’s. The two men began a kissing game.  Brian pointed to a spot on his body and Justin kissed it and then Justin pointed to a spot and… so on and so on. By the time they fell into bed Brian was no longer playing.  He moved down Justin’s body and kissed the tip of his penis and as he ran his tongue around the head, Justin arched.

“Brian, I want you NOW.” He rolled on his back and  Brian instantly moved Justin’s legs so he could move into him quickly and smoothly. Justin cried out knowing this feeling.  He immediately crashed over the edge and as Brian continued, Justin nearly lost his mind as Brian continued the assault as he came closer to the pinnacle himself. When Brian climaxed he dropped on Justin. Their mouths melded again and then as Brian rolled off of him, he brought Justin along. As they drifted off, words were not needed to express the love they felt.


It was 5:00 am when Tom heard the door of the pool house open.  Ten minutes later Nate slipped into his bed and into Tom’s arms.  Minutes later Tom used some force to enter Nate who relaxed and pushed against him so soon he was buried all the way inside. Within moments both men were panting heavily and orgasmed together. 

“I am so glad you made it back.” 

“Tom, I’ve missed you, too.  Once you’ve had great sex, it is hard to go without it.” The men touched and kissed and eventually made love again.

After they had napped Tom said, “Nathan, are you ready to tell me what is weighing so heavy on your mind?

“Tom, I have been struggling with a decision and I know you would have helped me with it but it was something I felt I really need to decide on myself but it is going to affect us and I hope you will support me but if you can’t, I’ll understand but it will mean the end of this.”

“Nate, I can’t imagine what you could do that would change our friendship.”

“On Monday, I am going to start medication.”

“Medication? Are you sick, Nate?”

“I am sick of not feeling right in my own skin.  I started counseling right after I got here and now I am sure….I am going to start transitioning from Nathan to Natalia.” Nathan looked at Tom’s facial expression but couldn’t read it.  “Tom, I understand. You like men and I want to be a woman.”

 

Tom thought for one more moment before saying, “I can’t tell you what will happen, Nate, but I can tell you I am always here for you and whatever happens, you can count on me.”


Chapter 11 by Simply written

Chapter 11


By Monday, life was getting back to normal at Britin.  The boys were a little bit clingy.  As much as they loved being at Jenn’s, they were ready for normalcy. Kevin made sure he scheduled time in the city and Brian scheduled his work schedule along with Kevin so Ronni could get the boys back in sync while Justin started working on Em and James’ wedding gift.  He started a portrait of them. 


And by Monday, Emmett knew the plane was taking them to Fiji. James pulled out the brochure.

“I can see I will not be wearing a lot of clothes on the honeymoon and better yet, I am hoping you don’t.” Em purred as he kissed his husband. “Damn, I wish planes had rooms.  And I did the mile high club once.  You know the story.  I just can’t do it again.”

“Oh, love, I would never ask you to but…” he said as he pushed the button for the attendant. “Could we have a blanket please.” 

Soon the attendant was back.  “Would you like the privacy curtain drawn?” 

“There’s a privacy curtain?” 

“You are in first class, of course there is a privacy curtain,” and with that he pulled down a curtain that did not block everything but it definitely gave them a sense of being alone.

“Now,” Em draped his legs across James' lap, “Come here you gorgeous hunk.” and as he leaned against the window, he pulled James toward him by the front of his shirt.  Soon Emmet’s legs were sticking out from under the curtain as James' hand was inside his pants.  When he knew Em was almost ready to cum, he brought his mouth down firmly and Em’s as his legs stiffened and shoes pointed and then relaxed.  “I love you, James.”  They then relaxed and fell asleep.


As the plane descended, James and Em looked out the window at the beautiful blue water. It was a long flight and 4 planes but they were here for two full weeks. They both knew it was going to be well worth it. As they disembarked there was a bus to their resort and 30 minutes later they were being escorted to the farthest hut. All of the huts had an entry from the boardwalk but the area where they would spend their time outside faced just open water so only people on boats would be able to see them and even then there were panels offering privacy.

“Look at this place!” Em immediately started undressing and he pulled a Speedo out, as quickly as possible. “I don’t think I even need this but for now….” Em opened James’ suitcase and handed him his suit but he threw it back to Em.  He pulled off his clothes and offered Em his hand and together they went out on the private deck.  Em slipped out of his, too, and together they lay in the hammock for two and looked at their surroundings. 

“This place is as beautiful as it looked.”

“It is beyond everything I could have imagined.  It is perfect.”  They realized all they had to do each day was order the food they wanted and tell them what time they wanted and each day their food was delivered. They did not leave their hut for the first week.


Father Tom was glad Kevin was there.  He wanted to be able to help Nathan the best he could and he hadn’t worked with anyone going through something like this.  They were sitting in Tom’s office going through some church records. Kevin had never seen Tom so quiet.

“Tom, what has you so deep in thought today?”

“Nathan has been reserved the last couple weeks.  I know he had been very involved in the wedding and  his family coming so I figured that had him busy but last night he told me what was really going on.”

“And what was that?”

“He wants to transition. He got his first hormone shot this week.”

“Does he plan to completely transition?”

“I don’t know if he knows...do I call him her? I don’t mean to disrespect him if I say the wrong thing. What advice can you give me?”

“Tom, first of all, Nate will not be angry with you.  He knows you support him. You do support him, don’t you?”

“Of course I support him.  He and I talked and since our relationship is just friends the relationship doesn’t have a future, really.”

“Tom, are you really going to go with that?”

“What?”

“I know you really care about him and it is more than a friendship but if you want to…”

“I just need to support him and we will see where the future leads.  He is my focus at this point.”

“I have counselled several people as they went through the different steps.  For some the hormones alone are fine with them.  Others need to go through the surgery. They want to be able to have sex like everyone else of their sex.” 

“I know Nathan, who plans to go by Natalia, will know when he knows.”

“Next week, when I head back to Atlanta, I can link him up with one of my kids.  I can think of one young gal who would be a good resource for him.  She stopped before the big surgery.  To her that wasn’t important.  She has a partner who doesn’t care whether or not she has a cock.”

“That would be so helpful, I know it would.  Nathan doesn’t know anyone who has done this and I am sure his counselor and doctor will hook him up but I know he will be glad to have someone he doesn’t know to talk to, too.”

“Tom, what is the church going to say if they find out you are supporting this.  In my case they consider it my mission.  Will someone give you problems?”

“There are a few.”

“What will you do if the church pressures you?”

“I am not sure. I think I would push it.  We are to be here for our community and that means all of the community.”

“If things change, Nathan would be welcome to my place during his transition.  Once he has completed he could come back.”

“I will let him know that.”

“But you don’t want him to leave? Well, maybe at that point we both will come down.  I love being a priest but if they don’t change, I may have to leave.”

“You would be welcome any time.  I’m not as young as I was and numbers only increase.”

“That is an interesting thought.  I won’t forget it.”

The two men continued to work for some time before Kevin left for the day. When Kevin arrived at Britin, he slipped up to Justin’s studio before entering the house.  He tapped on the door. There was no answer but he turned the knob and walked in quietly. Justin had been working on it for a week now and although it wasn’t finished yet, it was obvious how good he really was.  After watching him a couple more minutes he cleared his throat.  He didn’t want to scare him and he was surprised when Justin didn’t even blink. After another couple minutes he moved into Justin’s peripheral vision and that was when he went to grab a paint knife to get a perfect line he noticed Kevin.

“Oh, Kevin. Let me guess you tried to get my attention?”

Kevin smiled at his talented son in law. “It’s happened before?”

He laughed, “So many times. I’m sorry.  I get so into the project…”

“Your piece is beautiful.  Em and James are going to love it so much.”

“Do you really think so?” He had gotten pictures of both boys at about three or four and he integrated the childhood pictures into the portrait.

“You could make a lot of money if you put more time into this.”

“I have made a lot of money,” he corrected Kevin, “but right now raising our boys is so much more important.”

“And you do that so well,  I have never known someone so young who is so skilled in everything he does. How old are you?”

“I’m 23.”

“Justin if you could do anything what would it be?”

“I would raise the best children in the world.  Children who choose what is right and what is kind.”

“You already are doing that.”

“Well, personally, I would like to go to school.  Not necessarily to get a degree but to improve my skills. I try to keep up on the new techniques and I have come up with a few of my own but I just want the exposure.  I know Brian’s business will always pay our bills but when I don’t do this for a while,” he looked around his studio, “I just have to come up here and do something.  It is like it anchors me. You know Brian is my very breath but once in a while I just need to ground myself.”

“I understand that completely.  And you know you do that for him, right? When he is worn down or needs to refocus, he needs you and the boys.”

“I don’t think…” Justin was going to deny it but stopped. “He has always had to be so strong.  When we met I was his soft spot to land, even if he didn’t know it and when he thought I was dead, he helped my mom and Mol which in turn helped him. Kevin, you know how much you have done for his self esteem already, don’t you? Sure Brian had enough cockiness to do almost anything but this is the first time in his life that he has felt he had a parent who loved him, someone that wanted to be with him for him, not just because he has a payday for them.”

“Jack didn’t do…..of course he did. I wish I had known.  I don’t know what I would have done but I would have figured out something. And this conversation reminds me, are we going to the hospital to see Anna Claire tomorrow?”

“It is on right now but I will have to see what she says in the morning. It is always up to her.”

“I understand.  I just hate to think I have come this far and can’t see her.”

“Well, I hope you will come to visit frequently so if it doesn’t work this time it will next.”

“I will let you work, Justin. I will go play with the boys.”

“Kevin, if I am not down there by 4:00, please come get me.  I want to be down there when Brian gets home.”

“I will do that,” Kevin said and kissed his cheek.  “You are an amazing man in every way.”

“Maybe sometime we should talk about my father.” Justin laughed.  “He would have a lot to say about that.”


Brian was home at 5:00 and thanks to Kevin Justin had gotten most of the paint off of him and he was making dinner while Brian and Kevin played with the boys out by the pool.  Dante had surprised Ronni with a short vacation for the two of them.  So Nate was the only help they had right now except Kevin was also there to help.

Nate came into the kitchen about about 5:15. “I am sorry I am late.  I know I was going to help with dinner and now I am late and…” Nate felt a tear slide down his cheek.

“Nathan, if you aren’t up to it, I can do this myself. Are you feeling unwell?”

“It is the hormones.  They told me my emotions might be out of control, especially until we get things balanced.”

“You know you don’t have to worry about us. You might like to see if Tom wants to come out more often,  I think just having him around might make you feel better. Tom is one of the best supporters you could have on your side.”

“But the last thing I feel like doing is having sex. I hope this gets easier. I mean, I know I am putting my body through a lot.”

“Did you talk to your parents about this?”  Nathan nodded. “I take it they weren’t supportive?”

“They are confused.  I can see that.  My mom will accept it.  I really think my dad is hurt.  How could his only son want to be a woman? He is thinking he wasn’t manly enough to make me a man.”

“You are very observant, Nate.  Give him time.” Justin said as he pushed the pan in the oven.  “I am going to go outside while this bakes.  You can join us out here.”

Nate smiled, “Thanks, but I think I will just watch something and give Tom a call.”

“You know if you have any questions or concerns, I am sure Kevin is willing to talk to you.”

“Thanks, Justin. I’ll think about it.”

Justin walked out to his family.  Nate would need to work through this for himself but they would be there for him.   Justin sat on the edge of the pool near Gus who was swimming in the shallow end. “Everything Ok with Nate?” Kevin asked.

“The hormones are just making him feel a bit off.”

“Is he on the phone?” Brian asked, looking through the windows.

“I mentioned Tom.”

“Are any of us still believing they are just fuck buddies? Tom has had his special friends in the past and he never came over just to spend time with them.”

“I do think Nate is special.” Justin saw the look on Kevin’s face.  “Does this relationship bother you, Kevin?”

“Not in the way you are thinking.  I worry about Tom’s future.  The church has not changed its rules.  If someone gets a whiff of the relationship….I think the church would support his counseling Nathan but if Tom really loves him, he may have to be prepared to leave the priesthood.”

“Nathan can’t deal with that right now.  I think he would feel the need to leave,” Justin stated worriedly.

“I would never do that,” Kevin said. 

“None of us would,” Brian said as he dropped Aaron’s feet in the water.


“Hey, Tom,” Nathan said into the phone.  “I was just wondering if you had plans this evening but of course you do.  You are a busy man.  I was just thinking about you. Have a good night.” Ten minutes later Nate’s phone rang.  Tom had listened to Nate’s message and could hear something in his voice. “Hey, Tom.” Nathan answered.

“Sorry I couldn’t answer.  I was finishing confessions. Is everything Ok?”

“I didn’t mean to bother you.  It is just this hormone stuff.  I’m fine.  I am having dinner with the family in a few minutes.”

“I could come out.  I don’t have anything until late tomorrow morning.”

“Tom, I would love that but, I am definitely not in the mood to have sex.  I just feel kind of gross right now.”

“Nate, I don’t spend time with you just for sex.” Tom stopped for a split second.  They were friends.  It didn’t mean he had other feelings...of course he knew he did. “How about I come about 8:00? We can watch a couple movies.”

“Tom...thank you.”


The next day Justin verified that Anna Claire would see them so after breakfast Nate took over the care of the boys and Kevin and Justin went to the hospital. Justin used his volunteer pass to get in. Kevin had to smile at the reception his son in law got from all his staff and the patients that knew him. His relaxed demeanor kept them at ease.

“Are you going to show us how to paint something today?” One of the patients asked.

“Not today, Fred, but I believe Angie is here today. She has some really fun projects planned for you.”  Fred smiled and walked away.

“You are good with them.”

“I guess with all my rehab and hospital time, I know what it feels to be ‘trapped’ even if you don’t know why.”

“That makes a lot of sense.” Kevin looked at the halls as they walked. “This doesn’t look like a bad place.”

“It isn’t. I have made this my project and I donate with every sale I make.  The money is earmarked for improvement in patient living conditions. Sometimes one of them just needs something that doesn’t fall under their insurance and they just don’t have funds for it.”

“That is a great project.  And I am sure they enjoy the art, too.”

A young nurse walked up to the men, “Justin, so glad you could come today.”

“Did you tell her I was bringing an old friend with me?”

“I did. She is curious.  May I suggest you go in alone, first? You have a good rapport and feel for her moods.”

“Ok,” Justin turned to Kevin, “You can wait in there.” He pointed to a small visitors room across the hall. “It shouldn’t be long. She may want to meet in here.  She is sometimes kind of funny about who she lets in her room.” 

Kevin went into the small room and  Justin tapped on the door.  “Anna Claire, may I come in?”

“Oh, Justin, yes please. It has been too long since your last visit.”

“I am sorry, Anna.  Remember I told you about my friends’ weddings.”

“Yes, was it lovely? I haven’t been to a wedding for a long time. I was supposed to get married.  Kevin was so handsome but things went wrong. My sister, your mother in law…”

Justin was surprised Anna Claire brought up her sister.  She rarely did.  “Anna, did they tell you I was bringing an old friend along today?”

“Yes, I couldn’t figure out who it would be.  We don’t know that many of the same people.”

“Would you like me to get him or would you like to meet him in the visitor’s room?”

“It is a him? I think it would be best if I didn’t meet him in my room.  A single woman with two men in her room? You are family but…”

“Come with me,” he rested his hand on her lower back. He placed a kiss on her cheek. They walked across the hall and Justin opened the door moving Anna inside.

“Hello Anna Claire,” Kevin stood and looked at her.  She looks slightly older but she was still beautiful.

“I know you, don’t I.” Justin guided her to the chair next to Kevin but as he planned to move to the door Anna Claire squeezed his hand and he sat next to her.

“Yes, but it has been a very long time.”

“You are, Kevin, aren’t you? I still have your ring but I can’t marry you.”

“I understand, Anna.  And I understood why you couldn’t forgive me.”

“Kevin, I forgave you but I couldn’t forget that my nephew was my boyfriend’s child. Justin knows all this?”

“Yes, he brought my son and me together. He found me because of your help.”

“Where have you been, Kevin? Did you become a priest?”  Justin was amazed at the details she was remembering.

“I did and I am still doing that.  I live in Atlanta now.”

“Kevin, will you come visit me again?”

“I will be here from time to time.  I will be here for a few more days and then I will come to visit every couple of months.”

“Will you come visit me next time you are in town?” Anna Claire reached across and took his hand.

“I would love to,” Kevin smiled at her and he thought she really hadn’t aged much.  She was as innocent and pure as she was when they had met.

“Justin, can you take me back to my room. I think I am tired.” Anna stood and looked at Kevin, “Do you still love me, Kevin?”

“I will always love you, Anna Claire.” She stepped toward him and kissed his cheek. “Come back soon.”

Justin opened the door and made sure she got back to her room.  “Anna, are you alright?”

“Yes, I think so. You will bring him back won’t you?”

“I will and I will make sure I let you know when he will be coming.” Justin kissed her cheek.  “I will visit soon.” With that Justin left her looking out the window. She seemed to be traveling back in time.

When Justin entered the visiting room, Kevin sat with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.  Justin sat next to him and draped an arm around his shoulders.

“Justin, I am the reason she has been here over thirty years.”

“No, Kevin, she is here because she was always fragile.  Her family broke her long before you came along and because of her family you were drawn into a tragedy but I have to say, that tragedy is my blessing so don’t be too hard on yourself and it is amazing she wants to see you again.”   Justin stood and offered his hand to Kevin who took it.  Kevin hugged him tightly for several minutes.

“Let’s go see my grandsons.  I need their joy right now.”


Emmett and James used their second week of the honeymoon to do a little sightseeing.  They took a couple day trips and bought little toys for the boys. One evening as they lay naked in the hammock, James said, “I can’t believe that we only have 2 days left.”

“And as much as I love laying naked with you in paradise, I miss home a bit.  I can’t wait to get on with our real life together. We haven’t talked about kids for a while. I’m not pushing you.  If we decide to wait a couple years I am good with it but I can’t wait to have kids with you.”

“We will need to decide if we want a surrogate or if we will adopt.  Are we going to try for an infant or an older child? I have been thinking about it, too.”

“If I am way out of line, tell me.  I won’t be angry but, do you think that your mom would be willing to be our surrogate? She is still young enough and then we could have a child blood related to each of us.”

James turned to focus on Em instead of the sky, “I like that idea but that is a lot to ask her.  I think she will be engaged herself by now.  Can we ask her and Dante to give up their first year together.”

“That’s true. Just forget about that.  We will love any child we get to raise.” Em pressed his pelvis against James’.

“I love you, Emmett Honeycutt Augustin.”

“Then SHOW me!” 

“My pleasure!” After ten days the men knew exactly what to do with hammock lovemaking.

When they had finished, Em said, “We really need to get one of these by the pool…”

“Or our backyard.” They both relaxed into the netting. “We’ll order it in the morning.”


Kevin and Tom loaded the van for Kevin’s trip home.  Tom had located beds and mattresses in a boarding school that had gotten new ones.  They had loaded 15 bed frames and mattresses into it. This would be the last time the two priests would see each other before Kevin left in the morning.

“Tom, you and Nathan? Have the two of you changed your status?”

“You know I can’t do that, Kevin.”

“Can I be completely honest with you?” Tom nodded.  “When you are ready to admit it, I have a job for you in Atlanta.  You and Natalia would be a great addition to my project.”

“Kevin, I’m not even sure Nate will want to be with me but I know I will be here for him or her until he or she tells me differently.”

“I’m here for both of you if you need to talk but now, my friend, I need to get back and spend a little more time with my family.” The priests hugged and Tom wished him a safe trip and promised he would be in touch.


By the time Kevin arrived at Britin, Brian was just pulling into the garage.  “You’re home early, son.” Brian hugged his father as he approached the SUV. 

“I hate the fact you leave tomorrow.  I wanted to have as much time as we could together.”

“Me too, but I have to get back to my own life and I can only look on it as one of the best trips of my life.  I got to know my son’s family and I think I have helped Anna Claire a little bit.”

“And, we will be in contact regularly, not to mention, we will be visiting in a couple months.  I have to meet these ‘sisters’ of mine.”

“Daddy!  Grandpa!” Gus flew out of the house and ran over to two of his favorite men. Kevin stopped in front of the speeding child and picked him up. “Grandpa, I don’t want you to go,” Gus hugged him tightly around the neck.

“Well, I will miss you SO much but your dads promised me that you will come visit very soon.”

“I already have my moms a long way away.  Now my grandpa will be, too.”

“Gus, I can promise you we will fly down to your grandpa in July and we will stay for a while.”

“Ok.” Gus reached over to Brian who took him from Kevin. “You are home early, Daddy.”

“I thought we could all go swimming for a while and then order some pizza. How does that sound?”

“Will you order cheese?”

“Don’t we always get one cheese?”

Thirty minutes later the pool was full of laughter and  splashing.  When Nate arrived Gus ran to him, “Come join us, Nathan.  We are having pizza later so you don’t have to cook.”

“Wow, that sounds great but …”

“Please don’t say but.  It is Grandpa’s last night.”

Nate had to smile, “Of course I will join you. I’ll be back in about ten minutes.”  And true to his word soon Nate did a cannonball in the deep end, causing a loud, happy squeal as he had water splash in his face.   

An hour later Nate was sitting on the deck when Kevin sat next to him.  Brian and Justin had taken the boys in to get them some water and order the pizza.  “How are you feeling, Nate? Are you having bad side effects?”

“Kevin, I knew this wasn’t going to be easy. I think it is a little early for me to see physical changes yet but my emotions are starting to jump around. Tom is being great.  I mean the thought of sex right now just disgusts me. I know I am not being logical but I know all of this is normal. Can I tell you something, like a confession?”

“Sure, I won’t say a thing.”

“I know Tom and I were not going to get emotionally involved.  I knew I was probably going to transition and I just wanted to have some experience.  I still don’t know how much physically I will have done but I really don’t expect Tom to hang around even if I do have feelings for him.”

“Are you saying you love him?”

“I have been rolling it around in my head for weeks and no matter how I thought it through, yes, I love him but I know he can’t reciprocate and when the time comes, I will be ready to move on. How dangerous is it for Tom…”

“Father Tom knows what all the possibilities are.  He will make his own decisions. If you two are supposed to be, God will make it clear and Tom will make the correct decision.”

“But what if he doesn’t want to leave and he has to?”

“Nathan, he knows he could have a job with me at any time but he needs to make his own decisions.”

Nathan let out a sign, “That makes me feel better.”

Kevin reached over and patted Nate’s leg. “I am going to go pull on some shorts.  I leave this resort living tomorrow.  I will miss them all so much but I miss my life in Atlanta, too.”

“I think I will enjoy the late day sun.  I am dry anyway.” 

They ate out by the pool.  Even Aaron seemed to know Kevin was leaving. He sat on Kevin’s lap while they ate and as Aaron began to nod off, Kevin kissed him and passed him to Justin and a patient Gus took his place on his Grandpa’s lap. An hour later he was still on his lap but now they were inside and Kevin was reading yet another book.  Gus was asleep more than awake but he just didn’t want to say goodbye.

When they had gone in, Nate had said goodbye and the two men had hugged. And now it was time for Kevin to say goodbye to his grandson.  He laid the book down and stood up. “Grandpa, just one more story?” Gus said sleepily.

“No, love, it is time for you to go to bed.  I am leaving early in the morning so I need to go to bed soon. I will go tuck you in.”  He moved up the stairs and after helping him with his pajamas and brushing his teeth he tucked Gus in.

“I love you, Grandpa. I will miss you so much.”

“Oh, Gus, I will miss you too.  I will see you in a few weeks and you can see where I live.”

“Ok, please don’t forget about me.”

“I will never, ever forget you.”  Kevin ran his fingers through Gus’ hair until he was sound asleep.  He slowly moved off the bed and went back downstairs.

“I am going to head to bed,” Justin said, kissing Kevin’s cheek.  “I will say goodbye in the morning.  I am going to put together some food for you so if you don’t want to stop you won’t have to.”  Justin kissed Brian gently.  “Take your time. I will see you when you come up.” 

Kevin sat on the sofa and patted the spot next to him.  Brian walked over to the bar and poured two small whiskeys and then came back and sat down next to his father, handing him one of the glasses. “Thanks, son.” He placed his arm around Brian’s shoulder and instinctively dropped his head on Kevin’s shoulder.

“Dad… you know this is the first time in my life that saying that word feels right.” Kevin kissed his head.

“I know I couldn’t have done anything about your situation but it is still painful.  Joan and Jack were married.  Back in the 60s a married couple would never be questioned. I would have just been drug through the press.  I would have probably been considered a vet that came home on drugs and got a married woman pregnant, his fiance’s sister.”

“I don’t blame you for anything they did. They were both drunks.  That makes it sounds like she is dead but she is to me. Justin sees her every couple months because of Gus.  Justin doesn’t expect her to change but he has managed to get her to send a couple pictures of me as a baby, hoping she will continue to loosen up a bit.”

“So when are you coming to visit?” Kevin asked.

“I am thinking maybe we will come down for the month of July? We will find a house swap or something like that.  I wouldn’t do it but with the guys staying here it wouldn’t bother me as much.”

“That sounds great.  You could meet my girls, Sally and Brandy.  I think you will like them.  Their childhoods have a lot of similarities to yours.”

“Dad,” Brian sipped his whiskey, “I … it took thinking Justin was dead to admit I loved someone besides Gus. You are so easy ….I love you, Dad.”

“Oh, Brian,” Kevin set his drink down and sheltered Brian in his arms, “I love you and your family with all my heart. You will always be a part of me.”

“You need to get to bed.  You will have a long day tomorrow. Please promise me if you ever need anything you will ask.  It is obvious, I can afford to help you.”

“Thank you, Brian.  I hope I can say you got your heart from me.”

“You are right.  I always wondered why I felt led to give.” Brian finished his drink and stood. You head up.  I will lock up and turn off some lights.  I will say goodbye before you leave in the morning.”

Kevin kissed his cheek before going up to his room. 

Brian started making a cup of tea for Justin and locked up the place while the water heated.  He then poured the water into the travel mug and he moved upstairs. He knew Justin would be awake. He walked in and found Justin laying in bed reading a book. Brian sat down next to him on the edge of the bed and kissed him, “I brought you your tea. I’ll go get ready for bed while you drink it.”

Justin reached out and touched Brian’s cheek, “Are you alright, love?”

“I am, I’ll be back.” Brian trailed his finger across Justin’s chest before he stood up and disappeared into the bathroom.

By the time Brian came back out, Justin had set the mug on the bedside table and he lay on his side facing Brian’s spot. Justin opened his arms and Brian lay down accepting Justin’s warmth. Justin brushed his lips over Brian’s pliable mouth and Brian accepted Justin’s intrusive tongue. Without a word Brian rolled over and offered himself to Justin.  He knew this mood. Brian just needed to feel needed.  Justin entered him.  Even after all these years it surprised him how Brian knew just how to relax, even if it had been a month or two since he was penetrated.

Justin brought his mouth near Brian’s ear. “Bri, you are the most amazing man. I love you so much.”  It wasn’t frenzied loving making.  It was all about love, touching hearts and souls and when they both orgasmed together, they knew this was exactly what they both needed.

“I keep thinking all of this is a dream.  If it is, don’t ever wake me up.” Brian turned over and pulled Justin close. “I have a father that loves me. I have everything I have always wanted. Good night.  I am sure you have the alarm set early.”


“Good morning, Emmy.  We are going home today.  It is now time to go back to the real world and our real life.”

“As long as we are together, I don’t care.  I have kind of let my business go while planning our wedding but I know Tracy has been keeping it up.  It is time for me to pull my weight and make plans.”

“You know you can do whatever you want.  If you want to sit on the sofa all day, I would be a happy man.”

“You know I could never do that unless of course you were with me on the sofa each day.” Em kissed James. “Neither of us could do that but I do hope to leave the cooking to Nathan and Tracy. They are much better in the kitchen than I am.”

“I have cooked with you in the kitchen more than once.” James kissed his neck.  “We better get up.  I have a feeling if we stay in bed too long we will miss the plane.”

They finished packing up and, after enjoying breakfast from the hammock, they strolled down the long boardwalk, hand in hand, before boarding the bus back to the airport.  “James, promise me we will come back in maybe five years.”

“Sure, the kids can stay with Mom.”

“I love the sound of that.” Em and James kissed as the bus began to move.




Justin slipped out of bed, he set his alarm for 30 minutes so it would awake Brian.  He moved out of the room quietly.  He made a pot of coffee that he put in a thermos.  He then made some sandwiches as well as fruit, chips, and cookies.  As he started chopping some vegetables for Kevin to munch on, he started getting a heavy feeling as his heart realized his wonderful father in law was leaving.  He realized as much as he would miss him, he knew this was just the beginning of their extended family.  They would be back together in less than two months. He quit cutting when his eyes misted over.  

“Justin, are you alright?” Kevin walked up and put his hand on his shoulder.  Justin turned into Kevin’s arms and put his arms around his father in law.

“I am so happy we have you in our lives.  I just started thinking how much I will miss you but how amazing it is to have you in our lives. And I know we will see you again soon.”

Kevin pulled him close, “You can’t get rid of me now,” he smiled and gave Justin a kiss.

“I caught you!” Brian laughed. “Dad, if I ever saw Sunshine in any other man’s arms, he would be out cold.” Brian kissed both men. “Anything I can do? Take your bags out to the van?”

“No, I only have the one bag and of course Justin’s feast.”

“I was just going to fill this small cooler with drinks.  I have most of it filled with water.  Would you like some sodas?”

“If there is room for a couple with caffeine it might be good.”  Justin put as many as would fit.

“Now, Kevin, stop when you get tired. You ….”

“I just texted the address for the hotel you will stay at in Charlotte.  That will be about eight hours today, meaning tomorrow morning you can get up and be in Atlanta by noon.”

“Son, I love saying that, son, you didn’t have to do that.”

“Yes, I did. I just found my father.  I don’t want to hear that he drove off the road because he fell asleep.”

“Kevin, I will see you when we get to Atlanta.  It has been so wonderful having you visit and the boys and I love you so much.”

“Justin, give them both a kiss for me and,” Kevin looked at Brian, “Turn your head because I am going to kiss your husband again.” Kevin kissed him and gave him a long hug. “Call so I can talk to those boys soon.”

“We will.” Justin handed Brian the coolers and bag with food. “Walk your dad out.”

Brian and Kevin walked to the van.  Brian put the food in the passenger seat so Kevin could reach them easily and he tucked his bag on top of the mattresses in the back.  Then Brian and Kevin stood facing each other. “Brian, I can't believe we just met two weeks ago. I feel like I have known you all…” Brian hugged Kevin.  “I wish I had known you all my life but you were worth waiting for.” Brian’s voice cracked.

“Well I say we should have another 20 years or so together.  Take care of your lovely family and we will see you in a couple months.” Kevin kissed his son.  “And Brian, thanks for the hotel room.  I am sure I will appreciate it by the time I get there.”

With that Kevin got in and drove away. Brian hadn’t heard him come out but Justin was next to him and directed him into the house. Brian had tears in his eyes but started to laugh at the same time.  “Justin Taylor, I have a father.  He loves me and my family and I have fallen in love with him.  Can you believe that someone loves me?”

“I have no problem believing that.  I have loved you since the day I met you?” Justin pressed against him and kissed him lightly but then the kiss got deeper.

Brian’s mouth moved to Justin’s ear, “When is the last time we made love in the kitchen.”

 

“Ten minutes from now.” Justin said as he tugged Brian to the island and then he dropped his shorts and leaned over the counter.


Chapter 12 by Simply written

Chapter 12


“Daddy J., are Uncle Em and Uncle James really coming home today?” Gus climbed up on the stool next to Justin in the kitchen.

“Yes they are and so is Ronni?”

“Is Ronni really going to have a wedding, too?” 

“Yes, Gus.  She is going to marry Dante.”

“I like Dante.  They are going to build a house so she can live here?”

“Yes, Gus.  They are going to have a house by the back gate.”

“I like Dante.”

“So do I, Gus.” 

“There you are, Gus,” Nate came down the stairs carrying Aaron, who still looked sleepy.  Aaron reached for his daddy and Justin took him in his arms, kissing his rosy cheeks. “I thought you had followed me upstairs.”

“I wanted to be here in case someone came home.”

“It will be a bit, yet.”

“What am I going to do? I need to do something.”

“Why don’t you draw James and Em a picture? All your art supplies are right over there.” Justin pointed to the child size table that was off in the corner.”

“Can I use paint and real, what are those things called?” He pointed at one of Justin’s paintings.

“A canvas?”

“Ya that’s it. Can I paint on that?”

“Sure.  I will go grab one.” Justin noticed Nate held onto the edge of the counter.  “Nate, are you alright?”

“Ya, just feeling a little weak for some reason.”

“Why don’t you get yourself some juice and lie down on the sofa? Can you hold this guy while I run upstairs for Gus’ canvas?”

“Ya,” he said as he poured a glass of orange juice, and walked to the sectional.  Justin sat Aaron on Nate’s lap and moved toward the door.  “I’ll be right back, Gus. How big a picture do you want to paint?” Gus reached out as wide as his arms. “If I get one that big you won’t be able to put it on the table.”

Justin came back down with a canvas board that gave him enough room for his paints. That would keep Gus busy for a long time.

“Nate, I think we need to talk.”

“I know.  I should have told you I wasn’t feeling well.”

“If you have fallen with Aaron…”

“I know.  I am sorry.  I promise.  I will never….who am I kidding?” Nate drank half of the glass of juice. “I will help Ronni until you can find real help and I will start packing up my stuff and find a place to move.”

“Do you like living there, Nathan?”

“I love that little house.  There is something so peaceful about hearing the running water of the pool.”

“It is yours until you choose to move. I will talk to Ronni and if you are willing to help with the food, Ronni will have the boys and I will have the cleaning crew come in more frequently.”

Nate put his head on Justin’s shoulder and Justin put his arms around him and held him.  “You are just too nice to me. Damn hormones,” Nate said as tears flowed. “I don’t know why I am crying.  I just don’t have control anymore.”

“You will again and we will always be here to listen if you want to talk or hold you if you need a hug.  Brian should be at the airport now picking up all four of our travelers. It was great they came in at nearly the same time.  Did I see you making a lasagna earlier today?”

“Oh, ya, I should put that…” 

“I got this.” He set Aaron on the floor within reach of Nate and went over to the oven, popping the pan in the oven.

For the next hour, Gus painted.  He didn’t say a word as he created his masterpiece.  Nate dozed off for a while and when he woke he felt much better. “I’ll finish getting dinner ready.”

“Are you sure?”

“I am good, Justin. I feel fine now.  I wonder if this is how a woman feels when she has her period?” 

Justin got a text from Em saying they would be home in fifteen minutes and they were starving. “Gus, your picture looks amazing.  Are you finished?”

“I think I am,” he looked at it with a discerning look. 

“That is good because it is time to go wash your hands and the paintbrush.. They are almost home.” Gus took the brush with him and cleaned it along with his hands.

When Gus came back in the kitchen, Nate laughed.  “Hey, Gus, come over here for a minute, buddy.” Nate wet a paper towel and wiped Gus’ nose and forehead and showed it to Gus who giggled.  You had blue in one spot and red in another. All clean now.” Gus hugged Nate’s waist.

“Do you feel better now?”

“I do, Gus.  Thank you.”

“If you need any help, just ask.”

“Thank you, sweetness. I am good now but I will remember that.”

The next few minutes were chaotic. Brian laid on the car horn as they pulled in and soon Ronni, Dante, Em, James and Brian were in the house. Gus was a whirlwind running from one adult to the other.  James scooped him up and put him on his shoulders.  “Everyone looks so happy. I am so happy you are all home where you belong,” Gus said.

“Dinner is ready.” Nate said as he gave his uncle one more hug. “I am so glad you are back. I want to hear all about the honeymoon.”

“Well, maybe not all…” Em winked at James. “I’ll help you grab the food.” 

An hour later, everyone was talking about their adventures.  Brian and Justin told everyone about their planned trip to Atlanta.  Em and James passed a tablet around the table so everyone could see the pictures they had taken. Em looked behind him to hand the tablet to Nate and he wasn’t there.

“Where’d Nate go?”

“I saw him slip out to his place a few minutes ago.” James commented.

“Maybe I better go check on him.  He wasn’t feeling that well earlier.  His hormones were up in the air but he took a short nap and he was good.” Justin stood and walked toward the door.  “Oh, he’s coming back. He is carrying a box.”  He opened the door and Nathen walked in.   

Ronni cleared a spot in front of her and opened the box when Nate walked over.  Ronni picked up the cake and set it on the table and turned it so everyone else could see what it said.  

Ronni had let Nate in on their secret so he had baked the cake for them that morning. It was decorated beautifully.  All the adults were silent.  James' eyes got big and he rushed around the table and hugged his mom.

“What does it say? What doesn’t it say?” Gus started jumping up and down and Brian picked him up.

“It looks like  Ronni and Dante got married!” Brian said as everyone realized what was really happening and everyone was hugging again.

“Jamey, you aren’t upset, are you? You know we were planning on it and neither of us wanted anything big.”

“Oh Mama, as long as you are happy.  You know I love Dante.” James turned and hugged his new step father.

“We will have to have a party!” Em said.

“No party.  We will have that when our new home is built at the end of the summer. We just wanted something quiet. I am a little worried about how I am going to be in two places at once.  In July Dante is going to be at his place in Chicago and I really don’t want to be apart…”

“Well, I guess that is perfect since we are going to Atlanta for most of July,” Brian said.  “We may stay for the whole month. We are flexible. We hope to do a house swap so Em and James, you will be in charge of keeping an eye on the place.  Nate, if they want a cook are you willing to do that?”

“Sure, I can pull myself together long enough to have groceries and meals ready for them.”

“That is all we ask.  Whoever stays here will be paying for a cleaning service and you can work out with the guests what you do for them.”

The evening broke up early. Em and James had real jet lag and Ronni and Dante, so in love, wandered back to her room.  Brian and Justin headed upstairs to get the boys down for the night.  Em kissed James, I am going to help Nathan clean up.  I will be home in about an hour?”

James hugged his husband, “I  will get our suitcases home and start the laundry.  I love you, Emmy.”

“Love you, too, James. I promise not to be too long.”

“Take your time, love.  We have the rest of our lives.” James kissed him and by the time they separated, Emmett was weak in the knees and almost followed him out the door.  James gently turned him around and pushed him  toward Nate. 

“Uncle Em, you don’t have to help.  I can manage.”

Em hugged him from behind, “I have no doubt you could but we need to catch up.  How is it going?”

“I’m Ok. I am just a little scattered. Justin is so nice and now that Ronni is back she is in charge of the kids.  I would kill myself if either of the boys were hurt because of me.” 

Em and Nate worked side by side at the counter.  “They know that. And Tom? Has he been around?” 

It was very subtle but Nathan’s shoulders slumped a little.  “Tom is great.  He has been so kind but, Uncle Em, I don’t know why he keeps coming out and I won’t even have sex with him.  I just am not in the mood and he will lay there and hold me all night. He is just…”

“Nate, you know you are in love with each other, right?”

“He is such a kind man.  I am glad you are back!” He turned and held on to Emmett.  “Tell me if I bother you too much.  I just don’t want Tom to feel like he needs to be out here so much.”

“You are welcome and we will tell you if we have plans,” for a split second Em smiled thinking about his husband, “but I don’t think you are making Tom come.”

“Em, I really don’t think he is in love with me.  He is just a great friend.”

“How often does he come out?” Nate shrugged.  “Twice a week? Four times? Almost every night?”

Em and Nate heard a tap on the door and both turned to see Tom.  He walked in and hugged Em, “Welcome back! Did you leave that handsome husband somewhere?”

“I am heading to him now. We are done anyway,” he said as he wiped off the last spot on the counter. Em kissed Nate’s cheek and whispered, “Be careful.  His heart is involved.”


Em walked in the door and found James in the kitchen.  James walked over and handed Emmett a mug as he kissed him.  “I know this isn’t something we drink often but I wanted a cup of coffee  so this is decaf with a large shot of whiskey and some cream.” 

Em took a sip.  “This is really good! You are so thoughtful.”

“I am afraid I am just exhausted. I am thinking the whiskey will take the edge off so we can sleep.” James led Em to the sofa where they talked about their honeymoon and drank their Irish coffee. 

Em rested his head on James’ shoulder, “I am the luckiest man in the world.”

“I’ll argue with you about that!” James rested his head on Em’s and closed his eyes for a second.

Tom and Nate walked hand in hand to the pool house. “I didn’t know you were coming tonight.”

Tom kissed his temple, “I wasn’t planning on it but my meeting got done and I drove to a drive thru for dinner and I ended up here.”

“Tom, I feel fat and gross.  The hormones are making me feel moody and weak.”

“Nathan, you know I am not looking for anything. I just enjoy being with you.” Tom stopped talking,  “I should have called.  Let me use your bathroom and I will go.”

Nate kissed him, “Tom, don’t you think it’s odd that you drove here instead of your own place?”

“Well, I thought about turning around when I realized it but my bed is so empty.”

“Tom, maybe…..well with Em and James back...They walked into the small house and they didn’t bother turning on the light in the living room and walked into the bedroom. Nate turned and touched Tom’s cheek. “Let’s go to bed.  Will you make love to me?”

“You never have to ask that but I didn’t think you really wanted to.  I...damn, it’s been a while.” Tom pulled off Nate’s shirt and then his own. He ran a hand down Nate’s chest and he shivered when Tom took a nipple in his mouth.

“Tom, maybe you should….” he couldn’t focus when Tom ran his teeth over the other little bud.  “God, that feels different.”

“In a good way?”

“Um, ya…. I may not get hard. My treatment is starting to affect me.”

“We don’t have to.”

“Yes we do.  I want you.  Even if I don’t have the normal reaction it will feel good.” 

Soon they were in bed and as they made love Nathan’s mind wandered, not away from Tom but to him.  Em was right, he loved him and he had to let him go.  He couldn’t ruin Tom’s life. This was never supposed to be love.  He knew Tom was cumming.  He could feel his stomach muscle contract and Tom shouted as he thrust once more. Nathan knew what he had to do. He absorbed all the love he could coming from Tom as they fell asleep.

Nate didn’t sleep long.  He couldn’t stop thinking about what he was going to do. He let the tears run for a while and eventually slipped out of bed and after pulling a blanket around his naked body, he went out and sat on a lounger. He sat in silence letting his tears flow.  He knew he was doing the right thing.  He knew he was really Natalia but he knew, even as a woman, Tom wasn’t available for him.

Nate had been so in his own thoughts he didn’t hear Ronni’s footsteps. “Here.” She handed him a cup of tea.  “Couldn’t sleep?”

“Tom’s here.”

“And that explains why you are out by the pool.  You have a man in your bed and you are out here in the chill?”

“You are up and have a new husband in your bed.”

“Touche,” she reached over and touched his arm.  “What is it, Nate?”

“I can’t ruin Tom’s future when we really don’t have one together.”  He sipped the warm tea.

“You fell in love, didn’t you?”

“I did but worse than that, I think he is in love with me, too. Why are you out here?”

“I’m a middle aged woman who has just had a major change in my life.  There is just so much going on in my life.  We have a house to design and build.”

“I am glad you came out and thanks for the tea.  What is it?”

“It is a calming mix.” They reached toward each other and held hands as they drank their tea. When Ronni had finished hers she reached for Nate’s empty cup.  “Honey, I have know idea what you are going through but your big heart is showing.  And remember, if you ever need some girl talk or have questions, I am here for ya.”

“Oh, Ronni, thank you. I will probably need that.”

“I am going to go back to my wonderful husband.  Maybe I will wake him up.” She smiled over at him.

“Tom will probably be up soon.”

“I am going to make him breakfast and break the news.”

Ronni gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Look me up later if you need to talk.” As she headed to the house, Nate noticed her steps quickened.  Then he noticed Dante open the back door and she rushed into his arms.

An hour later Nathan, wearing a robe, was pulling biscuits out of the oven.  He had sausage gravy finishing in the pan while he started a pan to fry some eggs as he heard the shower start.

Ten minutes later, Tom came out of the bedroom dressed in his jeans and shirt he arrived in last night.  He put his arms around Nathan’s waist and looked over his shoulder.  “This all smells so good.  Did you have trouble sleeping? I woke up a couple hours ago and you weren’t here.”

“I was restless and didn’t want to wake you up.  Grab some coffee for us and I will bring you a plate of food.”  As Nathan took the first bite he realized he couldn’t eat.  He just sipped his coffee.

“Are you not feeling well? Is that why you couldn’t sleep?”

“No, I feel fine.” He took a bite of the biscuits but set his fork back down. He listened to Tom talk until he was about done eating and then he took a big breath.  “Tom, we need to talk.”

“Oh, those are ominous words.” Tom reached over and took Nate’s hand. “What is it, babe?”

“That’s it. This was supposed to be friends with benefits.  And I know I owe you so much for all the support you have given me but I think it is time we part ways.  You have your own life and it can’t include me and if we keep this up we will be more than friends and neither of us need that so when you go today, please make sure you take your stuff with you.  I hope we can still be friends.”

Tom looked a little stunned but he nodded. “I …. I’ll miss you but we talked about this.  I….” He drained his coffee cup and went to the bedroom. Nate bagged up the biscuits and cleared the table.  When Tom came out Nate turned from the sink. Tom said, “I guess we’ll see each other?” Nate walked over and gave him a quick hug and a kiss that went longer than he meant it to. “Nate, if you ever…”

“It’s best if we make a clean break. I have to get dressed so I can bring the rest of the breakfast to the main house. I’ll catch you later.” Nate walked into the bedroom and shut the door. 

Tom wasn’t sure what had just happened.  He stood there looking at the closed door hoping everything would go hazy and he would wake up with his arms around Nate. But when he realized he wouldn’t hurt this bad if he was sleeping, he walked out the door.


Everyone was worried about Nathan the next several days.  He only left his place to do his job and then went right back to bed. Justin had gone out to talk to him.  Em was sure he wasn’t eating anything but he couldn’t convince him to do that either. Even Ronni failed although he drank some of her tea which kept him from dehydrating.  Everyone was concerned. 

Friday night Ronni and Dante were out and Gus missed Aunty Molly so the boys had gone over to grandma’s house. That left Em and James and Brian and Justin to discuss the situation with Nathan. “I understand why he did it. Love makes us follow our hearts not our cocks but he was so fragile anyway.  His hormones are all over the place and it is killing me to see him like that and if something happens to him my sister in law will kill me!” James put his arms around Em when he finished talking.

“Shit, enough of this. Sunshine, put some food in a container. I’m going to take a piss and then I am going to settle this.” Brian stood up and so did Justin.  

“Daring, I trust you with this but remember how fragile he is right now.” He said as he put his hands on Brian’s shoulders.

“What do you think, I’ll beat him into submission?” Brian shrugged Justin’s hand off and went to the bathroom.”

“Justin, do you really think Brian should…” Em started.

“Em, we both know as bad as he thinks he is at this kind of stuff, he is really good.” Justin filled a plate with leftovers and without a word, Brian walked past, took the plate, and without a word walked out the house.

Brian knocked and walked in, “I don’t really care if you want me to come in or not.  I’m here.” Nate was laying on the sofa.  The TV was on but Brian could tell Nathan wasn’t watching it.

“Sit up, Nathan.” Brian put the plate in the microwave and filled a glass with water. He carried both in and handed them to Nate. “Here. Eat.”

“Brian, I just can’t eat. I just don’t know if I can…”

“Nate, I can’t say I know exactly what you are going through.  I can’t imagine living in the wrong body and the confusion trying to get in the right one.  I think you did the right thing for both you and Tom right now.” Brian looked at Nate who had stopped eating again.  “Eat! When I was told Justin was dead, I think I felt the same way.  I lost my love but Jenn reminded me that Justin wouldn’t want me to waste my life.  He would want me to do something that would make him proud.  Tom isn’t dead.  Tom wants you to be happy and he wants you to be the you you were meant to be. If Natalia is who you are, become the best Natalia you can be.”

“But I hurt him so badly.”

“You did it for him.  As long as he is a priest, he cannot be in a relationship.  If his heart takes over, he’ll be back.”

“Do you really think he would leave the priesthood?”

“Well, Natalia, show him you are a person he would leave his profession for.” Brian looked at Nate’s plate and it was nearly empty.  “Now, I expect you at the house tomorrow morning to make us breakfast and we expect you to join us.  Those men in the house are driving me crazy worrying about you.”

Nathan leaned over and kissed Brian’s cheek. “Thank you, Brian. I can’t imagine how you felt when Justin was gone.”

“It was unbearable, but I am a better person for it. It showed me what was really important. You will make it through this.  Both of you will figure out who you are meant to be. Now Sunshine is waiting for me and the boys are away. Damn, he makes me hot.” Brian walked to the door, “See  you in the morning.”

“Brian, you make a lot of sense when you don’t scare the hell out of me.”  Brian flipped him off over his shoulder.

James and Em were just coming out of the house as he got to the patio by the door.  “So?” Em asked.

“He ate his plate of food and he will be making us breakfast in the morning and eating with us.” Brian looked at them, “And, no, I didn’t touch him.” He glanced through the window, “Where’s Sunshine?”

“He said he was running a bath,” James said.

Without another word, Brian was through the door and, grabbing a bottle of bourbon, headed up the stairs. He walked into the bedroom and could smell Justin’s favorite oils coming from the bathroom.  He also noticed some toys and scarves laying on the nightstand. He set the bottle down and started undressing as he walked into the bathroom. Justin was just coming out of the shower. “Damn,” Brian kicked his pants off and pulled a slick Justin against him. “Are we going to be so dirty that you need both a shower and a bath?” 

“We have a night to play, the shower is cleaning the inside of me.  Get in the tub.  I need to get rid of this douche and then I will join you.” Justin ran his hand across Brian’s already erect cock.

“Fuck,” Brian pulled Justin against him so their dicks began to dance against each other.  He crushed Justin’s mouth with his own.  He ran his hands down Justin’s back and when he got to the globes of perfection he pressed his pelvis to Justin and gyrated against him. 

“Damn, Bri, I need to…” Brian rubbed his hand against Justin’s belly that was protruding slightly, holding the water.

“I love you so frickin’ much.” Brian let Justin go and he rushed to the toilet room while Brian moved to the tub. By the time Justin came back, Brian’s head was resting on the back of the tub and he was breathing deeply trying to keep his breathing even as his need was growing just thinking about him. Justin stopped by Brian’s head and began to massage his scalp, neck, and shoulders. “Oh, that, god, please get in here.”

Justin stepped in the tub and getting down in the water slithered up Brian’s body. When his cock passed Brian’s, he stopped and then slipped back allowing Brian to guide his cock into Justin. As he pushed past Justin’s sphincter, Justin sat down so Brian was soon all the way in. Then he began to slowly lift himself up and down using his arms and the sides of the tub.  He would start and stop and he was contracting around Brian and knew it was time when Brian grabbed his hips and thrust upward several times before pulling him tightly against his as he filled Justin. He relaxed against Brian and listened to Brian’s heart flying in his chest.

When their hearts went back to normal Justin slipped his arms around Brian.  “So how did it go with Nathan?”

“I have to feel sorry for him but he ate the plate of food and he promised he would make us breakfast and join us.”

“What did you say to him?”

“I don’t know.  I did tell him a little bit about how I felt when I thought you were dead and how your mom showed me what you would want me to do with the rest of my life.  And know I didn’t say Tom was dead but I mentioned now probably wasn’t the best time for those two to be playing with emotions.”

“You always know what to say.” Justin’s mouth caressed Brian’s lips and then moved around his face, along his jawline and then to the hollow of his neck. He inhaled deeply, “I love that smell, the lavender and sandalwood and you.”

“What all do you have planned for me tonight? I saw toys and scarves.”

“I hope you will play with me.  I want you to drive me crazy to the point of insanity.  I want to feel like that time Joan showed up at your loft. She brought you that cake and we had been fucking for hours.”

“Damn, I am the luckiest man in the world!” He kissed him and said, “Let’s go see what you have planned.”

“I don’t have anything planned.  You get to be as creative as you want. The boys will be back mid afternoon.”  Justin stood and stepped out and then offered his hand to Brian who got up and stepped out.  

They took their time and dried each other completely.  They lingered as they moved the towel and followed with strokes of the hands or lips. As Justin dried Brian’s back and ass, he had him put his hands on the tub and Justin dropped to his knees and began to run his tongue along the valley dividing his ass. As Justin began to probe Brian’s bud and worked his way inward, Brian cried out. “Don’t make me cum. Please.  I want to feel the pressure as you cum over and over.”

“Brian, I think we are both dry, for now.” He stood and smiled at Brian.  “Please tie me up and drive me crazy.”

“Damn…” Brian spanked Justin hard enough to sting and make him move much faster.

Ten minutes later Justin was laying on his stomach. His wrists were tied to the headboard and his ankles were attached to a spreader bar which spread Justin’s cheeks far enough for Brian to have a perfect view of his bud.  He also couldn’t help but think about the cock rings they were both wearing which vibrated ever so slightly. Brian began to play with small vibrating beads and then worked in bigger and  bigger ones.  As he left them in place he ran a feather along Justin’s spine but then switched to his hands because he needed to feel his skin.

Both men were drenched in sweat. They were both panting, unable to cum because of the cock rings but both were in exquisite pain.  Justin was whimpering as Brian slowly pulled the balls out one at a time and then released his ankles. He ran his finger around the rim of Justin’s asshole and as he brought his tongue to replace his finger Justin nearly passed out. 

When Brian was worried Justin may pass out, he undid the scarves and turned him over.  To add more intenseness to his own discomfort, he straddled Justin’s body and lowered his cock into Justin’s willing mouth. Justin eagerly put his tongue to work until Brian pulled away, unable to handle anymore. 

Justin quickly removed Brian’s cockring and then Brian did the same for him. Brian moved between Justin’s legs.  Brian put one leg on his shoulder, “What do you want …”

Justin knew he was wondering what to do with his other leg.  He placed his free ankle on Brian’s other shoulder, “Like the first time.”

“Like the first time but it is so much better now!” and with that Brian was inside him.  There was no pain for Justin, only pleasure.  Both men were so on the edge it only took a few moments before they both cried out and shook violently as they exploded in rapture. Brian dropped to the side and they lay looking at the ceiling.  They  webbed their fingers together and both of them fell into a blissful sleep.

Justin woke up about midnight shivering.  The heat of their lovemaking was long gone and the air in the room was chilly.  He moved as little as possible but grabbed a blanket from the side and pulled it over them.  As he did, Brian’s arms came around him and pulled him close, kissing his temple.

“Sorry, I didn’t want to wake you.”

“I don’t mind waking up when you are beside me,” he ran his hand across Justin’s ass.

“Thank you for playing with me tonight. I love making love with you no matter what but, lately we have both been so busy we don’t neglect each other but ….”

“We are fathers.  We are businessmen.  So, thank you for reminding me we are still young, well you are, and need to play.” Brian pulled him closer.

“Things are changing a bit and not just Nate. What are your thoughts about Nate and Tom?” Justin rested his head on Brian’s shoulder. “I don’t think Tom ever thought this would happen.  He and Nate have something special and if he lets that slip away... “

“Sunshine, could you love a woman? I mean… gross.” Brian shivered.

“If the woman was you. I love you, the person. Your soul wouldn’t change.  They are in love and I think Tom will realize he needs Nate or Nat, no matter what.”

“Well, right now they have to figure that out on their own.  Dante called me earlier today.  They have their house plans ready.  Since he had house plans already, it only needed Ronni to add her touches.  They will start building while we are in Atlanta and they should have it done by the end of the year.”

“I am so glad she will continue working for us.  With Gus in school full time next year she will have a little less to do and I bet she will spend some days at her place with him.” Justin moved so he could kiss Brian. When he tried to move away, Brian pulled him closer and kissed him again. When they separated Justin said, “Bri, have you ever thought about having another?”

“Having another what?”

“Another baby.”

“Oh!” Brian went quiet for a minute. “You know I love the boys but they both came to us after some thought.  Of course, Gus was planned.  We didn’t ‘plan’ Aaron but as soon as we knew of his existence we planned for him.  I am not against it but….”

“That’s enough, babe.  I just wanted to mention it.  I don’t need another child but I think we have enough love for another.”

“Are Em and James still talking about a baby?” Brian’s hand was roaming over Justin’s body again.

“I asked because before the wedding they said they were going to start planning as soon as they got home from the honeymoon but when I asked the other day, Em changed the subject.  Maybe they just want some time for the two of them. Did you talk to your dad today?”

Justin loved to see the look on Brian’s face when he talked about Kevin. “Ya, he said they got the wing remodel  you paid for done and now, with the beds he got up here, they can house almost double what they could before.”

“Did you get our trip dates set?”

“I thought we could leave the last week of June and take our time going down.  We can spend a couple days in West Virginia and some time in North Carolina. I just want to take our time and enjoy ourselves.  Gus and Aaron will enjoy it, especially Gus but Aaron just loves being with us.”

“I think that sounds like a great family trip. And we are staying most of the month?”

“We will play some of that as we go.  Britan was snatched up on the Airbnb site and we have a place to stay down there.  As long as they don’t have someone else sign up for August, we can stay two months, if we want.  I would never do this if James, Em, and Nate weren’t here.” 

“Can you believe everything that has occurred this year? I mean it isn’t even June and there have been two weddings, Nate has made a big decision, and of course you now have Kevin.  No, we have Kevin. I love him so much.” Justin was having a harder time focusing. Brian’s hand had moved lower and was now trailing his finger through his pubic hair. 

“Are you going to get an art show setup while we are down there?” 

Justin took hold of Brian’s hand and brought it up, kissing the palm.  “I am having a hard time thinking.  I promise we will be making love again soon.” He placed Brian’s hand over his heart. “I did talk to a gallery Kevin told me about and they are very excited to host a benefit for the shelter. I will start packing up my work next week and they are taking care of getting more artists to join.  Your dad is very respected down there.  They said they would have no trouble getting enough together.” Justin’s voice drifted.

“Sunshine, you good? You didn’t play too hard, did we? Your head isn’t bothering, is it?”

“No, darling.  I guess I am just thinking about our wonderful life. Did you realize my dad could get out this fall?”

“Do we have to think about that? You haven’t talked to him, have you?”

“No, I just got that letter you read.”

“You aren’t thinking about having a relationship with him, are you, Sunshine?”

“I don’t plan on a real relationship but I do think I have to talk to him.  If for no other reason, Molly has said she wants to see him.”

“And Aaron?”

“He is not getting anywhere near Aaron.  Not now anyway.  If he can show he really has changed, maybe someday, but he will never be alone with him. I could never trust him.”

“Sunshine, you still amaze me everyday.  The fact that you will even think of seeing him…”

“It is for Molly.” He hesitated. “Who am I fooling, I don’t know why but I need to see him.  I need to show him I made it.  I need to show him I have a beautiful family and that his ‘gay’ son is happy, loved, and successful.” 

“He doesn’t deserve kids like you and Molly.” Brian’s hand began to move down again as he moved over Justin and kissed him.  “I think we need to sleep but first…” 

Brian and Justin made love.  This time it wasn’t desperate and physically taxing.  This time there was passion and patience, knowing they are not going anywhere and there is no reason to rush.

As they drifted off, Justin said, “I love you, Brian.”

“I love you, Sunshine,” and with that Justin spooned against Brian they both fell asleep.



Coming Soon

A Son’s Admiration

Atlanta prepare!  Brian Kinney and Justin Tayler will be bringing their boys to see their grandfather.  They will be making a splash in Atlanta’s high society.  Justin’s artwork will take off making a lot of money for Kevin’s shelter.  Brian will meet the ‘girls’ Kevin considers family, and they will bond as a family.

While the Kinney-Taylor-Cain family become a strong unit, Britin will be well taken care of with the family that stayed up there.  Dante and Ronni will be building their house while Em and James debate how they should create a family that includes children.

And what will happen with Nate and Tom when Nate begins to live her life as Natalia.  Will they go their own way or will Tom’s love for Natalia win out over his love for the church.

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1653