A Son's Admiration by Simply written
Summary:

Atlanta prepare!  Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor will be bringing their boys to see their grandfather.  They will be making a splash in Atlanta’s high society.  Justin’s artwork will take off making a lot of money for Kevin’s shelter.  Brian will meet the ‘girls’ Kevin considers family, and they will bond as a family.

While the Kinney-Tayler-Cain family become a strong unit, Britin will be well taken care of with the family that stayed up there.  Dante and Ronni will be building their house while Em and James debate how they should create a family that includes children.

And what will happen with Nate and Tom when Nate begins to live her life as Natalia.  Will they go their own way or will Tom’s love for Natalia win out over his love for the church.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Emmett Honeycutt, Father Tom Butterfield, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Jennifer Taylor, Justin Taylor, Molly Taylor, Original Character
Tags: 500k+ Word Count
Genres: Angst w/ Happy Ending
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: Family Issues Series
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 94720 Read: 10709 Published: May 31, 2021 Updated: Jul 16, 2021

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

5. Chapter 5 by Simply written

6. Chapter 6 by Simply written

7. Chapter 7 by Simply written

8. Chapter 8 by Simply written

9. Chapter 9 by Simply written

10. Chapter 10 by Simply written

11. Chapter 11 by Simply written

12. Chapter 12 by Simply written

13. Chapter 13 by Simply written

14. Chapter 14 by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written

Chapter 1 


“Daddy J, are we really going to leave on vacation tomorrow?” He asked as he rushed into the master bedroom.

“Yes, Gus, we are leaving early in the morning.”

“Why isn’t Daddy home to get ready?”

“Because he has to finish some things at the office so he can be gone for a long time.”

“Are we going to see Grandpa tomorrow? I miss him!” he could barely stand in one place, jumping from one foot to the other.

Justin had to smile, “Remember we are going to stop at some fun places on our way.  We will see Grandpa Kevin in four nights. I have an idea,” Justin handed Gus a large tote bag.  You may take this many toys along with you.  Make sure you take all your favorites and then it will be time for you to go to bed.” 

“Ok!” He wrapped his arms around Justin’s waist.   “I love you, Daddy!” and he was gone.

Ronni had put Aaron down for the night and tapped on the open door Gus had just run out of.  “Justin, is there anything else I can do for you.”

“Ronni, you have done so much already.  You packed the suitcases and you made sure there were snacks for the ride.  Oh, and Aaron’s toys?”

“It is by his bed so in the morning you can drop his bedtime bear into it and it will  be ready to go.  Is Brian going to be home before midnight?”

“He is actually on his way home.  He had so much to get organized to be gone that long.  He will work when he needs to while we are there. Have you talked to our guests this week?”

“Yes, they will be here next Monday so I have the house cleaners coming in and they will do a total clean for the guests and then they will come back after our guests leave.  I have a list of favorite foods so I will have them on hand.”

“Make sure if they cause any trouble…”

“Justin, if they cause any issues I have plenty of help here,” Ronni chuckled.

“Yes, you do and they will do anything you ask. Brian should be here soon.  Let’s go down.”  Justin checked that Gus was asleep and Ronni walked downstairs with him. Once they got to the kitchen, Ronni went to work.

“I have everything ready for you. I have snacks for the boys and the two of you.” She held up a couple bottles of wine.  “Obviously, you won’t be able to go out at night on the way down so I thought I would send a couple of these with you.  I have a cork screw included. 

“Thank you.  I know in Charlotte there is a childcare service we could hire but I wouldn’t let my boys with a stranger. Once we get to Atlanta, Brandy, Sally and Kevin will give us a night out. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gus insisted on staying with Grandpa more than once.”

“Justin, before Brian gets here, do you know what is up with Emmett?”

Justin turned toward her, “Em, he hasn’t said anything to me.”

“He hasn’t said anything to me either.  Maybe it’s what he isn’t saying.  Maybe he is upset about us not having a wedding.”

“Em would just throw you a party if that was it.  It is probably just him getting used to married life and worrying about Nate.”

“Maybe so, it is just odd for him to be as quiet as he has been around me.” 

Justin heard the garage door open and he moved toward it. “Ronni, if you want me to talk to him I can.”

“No, don’t worry about it.  I am his mother in law.  He will talk to me.” She smiled and chuckled.  “I will not be up when you leave.  Dante is coming home late tonight.  All your tea is in the snack bag also.”

“We will talk soon,” Justin said just as the door opened and Justin walked into Brian’s arms.

Brian dropped a quick kiss but then almost shoved him out of the way walking directly across the room and down the hall to his office. Justin finished putting together the things in the kitchen and when Brian hadn’t come out in ten minutes he went up to bed.  He texted Brian and stated, ‘if you are not up here in fifteen minutes the bedroom door will be locked’.

Justin was frustrated.  He had worked his tail off all day getting everything organized for their trip and he comes in at 9:00 o’clock and didn’t even say hi.  And now it is 9:30 and their plans were to leave at 6:00 because the boys would sleep for a couple hours yet and by the time they got to their destination they could check into a mountain cabin to relax. Right now he wondered if Brian would even go in the morning and he would have to deal with Gus.

He started to get up to lock the door but knew he wouldn’t have energy to deal with Brian’s behavior if he did, so he went to sleep. Justin was still awake when Brian came to bed about 10:30. Justin pretended to be asleep. Brian undressed quietly and got in bed, sliding up behind Justin.  “Sunshine, are you awake?”  There was no response. “Justin?” he whispered. Justin mumbled something inaudible. “Fuck,” he said under his breath. “I’m sorry, Sunshine.  You didn’t deserve this tonight. God, I need this vacation.” Brian kissed Justin below his ear and then turned and went to his side of the bed.

Justin lay there for another five minutes.  “Damn!” He said, “neither of us will get any sleep this way.” Justin rolled over and looked at him.  “You are not out of the doghouse, yet, but kiss me goodnight and we will talk in the morning.”

Brian turned and pulled Justin close. “I am…”

Justin stopped the conversation by pressing his lips to Brian’s. The kiss was rough and yet the electricity between them made both of them quiver. “Sunshine…”

“No, we’ll talk in the morning.” Justin turned his back on him again and now he drifted into a deep sleep. 


At 6:00 am, the boys were asleep in their carseats and Brian was driving down the interstate. Justin had said a word here and a direction there but he had refused to hold a conversation with him.  Justin knew that would make him upset but he was looking forward to making up to him later. After nearly an hour on the road Justin knew it was time to start talking.  “So, do you want to tell me what was so important last night that you couldn’t be civil?” Justin said softly but with force behind it.

“I just needed to finish something up and it should never have taken that long but people wanted to make it difficult and he wouldn’t give in on anything and we couldn’t sign the contract the way it was and…” Brian’s voice was getting a little louder with each point he made.

Justin put his hand on his forearm, “We don’t want the boys to wake up yet.”

Brian took his hand and brought it up to his lips and kissed it. “You know that’s just the way I am, Sunshine. I was focused on closing that out and…”

“Darling, I know how important your business is and I know we are your first priority but I had been working all day, too.  I had to get my art shipped and if it wasn’t for Ronni’s help, I probably wouldn’t have gotten everything done.  I mean the boys ….” Justin stopped.  Brian was an excellent father. He knew his boys. “I don’t have to tell you about our boys.  You are an amazing father. I’m sorry.  I shouldn’t have gotten so angry.”

“No, Sunshine, you had every right to be angry.”

“Daddy?” Gus’ small voice from the backseat said.

Brian kissed Justin’s hand once more, “Good morning, Gus.  Look out the windows.  Do you see the big mountains?”

“They are a lot bigger than the ones at home.” Gus looked out the window.  “Do we have a long way to go?”

“Not too far but, we will stop next time we can.  It looks like Aaron is waking up, too, so we will have some breakfast and then we will drive the rest of the way to our first adventure,” Justin answered.

They found a place to stop.  Aaron got a dry diaper and they all had pancakes and eggs and then with a movie playing for the boys, they were back on the road and the movie was just finishing when Brian turned off to the Airbnb they were staying at for the next three nights. 

Once they brought their bags in the house the four of them got ready for a walk.  The trails near the house were perfect for them to take.  Brian had Aaron in a baby backpack and Justin held Gus’ hand.  The path wandered at gentle elevation changes and Gus was thrilled he could keep up with his dads.  They saw lots of small animals and when they got to an open glen, they saw a deer on the other side. He bounded away when he heard Aaron giggle.

“Shhh, Aaron!” Gus said.  “You scared him away but you didn’t know.” 

Justin hugged him.  “Did you know you are the world’s best big brother.”

Once they worked their way back to the house, they had lunch and both boys were ready for a nap after all that fresh air and sunshine. The cabin had two bedrooms so the boys were together in the small bedroom.  Gus thought it was cool he could share the room with Aaron.  As soon as they were sure the boys were asleep, Brian pulled Justin into his arms.  “Now I can apologize appropriately.” The kiss was feather light as they slowly moved to the bedroom door. Once they were in the room, clothes were abandoned quickly.  Brian pulled the blankets back and together they dropped onto the sheets. “I am sorry.  I know I take advantage of you. I love you and the boys.” Brian was talking in between touching and kissing Justin. “I never want you to doubt that.”

“Oh, Brian, I don’t ever doubt that anymore.” Justin stopped talking as Brian moved down his body. He positioned one of Justin’s legs and as Brian took him in his mouth as his hand moved between Justin’s legs and he began to stroke his perineum and massage his bud.  Soon his finger was inside him and he was stroking his prostate from inside and out. Justin began to thrust deep into Brian’s throat and then biting his lip so he didn’t cry out as Brian brought him to a climax.

As soon as Justin recovered, he turned over and Brian entered him.  By the time they were finished, Brian and Justin were ready for a nap themselves.  


“Aaron, isn’t it fun sharing a room? Maybe our daddies will let you move in when you are big enough.” Justin and Brian stood in the door listening to their boys interaction. 

“Gaga, dada,” Aaron said and then leaned over and kissed Gus.  Gus giggled and wiped his brother’s slobber off his face.

Justin turned and whispered, “They are perfect.” Brian’s arms went around him and kissed his blond head.

Aaron squealed when he noticed his dads and began jumping up and down and waving. Gus turned around.  “Hi Daddies.  When Aaron woke up I peaked in and you were sleeping so we have been playing.”

“That’s what I heard!” Brian said.  “I knew I heard a click.” Brian had looked at the door expecting to see Gus but when he wasn’t there he woke Justin and they dressed before going to the boys’ room.  

“Daddy J I think Aaron is hungry and so am I. Can we have a snack?”

“Of course you can. Bri, will you check Aaron’s diaper and I will check out what is in the cupboards for the boys.” The kitchen had been well stocked for them. Justin reached out toward Gus and he came over and took it.  Once they were in the kitchen Justin dropped to one knee so he could look Gus in the eyes, “We have a surprise for your brother.” Justin stood and opened the refrigerator.  It was Aaron’s birthday tomorrow so they had asked the Airbnb if they could have a cake for him.  

“Oh, Daddy J! He is going to love it.  It even has a truck on it and he loves trucks! But, Daddy J, put it back in the fridge.  We don’t want to ruin the surprise!” Justin laughed as he put it back on the top shelf.  He pulled carrots and apples out and a jar of peanut butter. Soon all four of them were munching although Aaron had applesauce since he didn’t have enough teeth to handle carrots yet and they all enjoyed some goldfish crackers. After they had all had enough they went back outside and enjoyed nature and each other.  They had promised to stay off their phones and computers while they traveled but both of them had things they were required to check on.  

Brian had a five minute conversation with Cynthia to make sure everything he had finished the night before went through and then Justin had to touch base with the art gallery to make sure his shipment had arrived. Once he had his verification, they decided to take another walk, this time to a lookout where they could see all the way to Ohio. 

“Gus, do you think you can make it up and back?” Brian asked.

“I’m big, Daddy.  I can make it.” So Justin stayed at the bottom of the tower with Aaron while Brian and Gus climbed more than a hundred steps to get to the top. 

“Oh, Daddy, LOOK? We can see so far. What is that?” He pointed off in the distance.

“That is the Ohio River.  If you were on a boat it would take you all the way to New Orleans.”

“What is New Orleans?”

“It’s a city in the south.  We will visit there someday when you get older.”

“I like vacations.” Brian and Gus looked for a little longer and then they started walking down the tower steps. 

Brian noticed Gus slowing down and soon he could tell the boy was struggling.  “Gus, do your legs hurt?”  He nodded. Brian picked him up and Gus put his arms around Brian’s neck.

“I’m sorry, Daddy.  I said I could do it. Are you mad at me?”

“Oh, Gus, of course I’m not mad at you.  You did your best and I could never be angry about that.” He kissed his son's cheek as they took the last steps. Brian set Gus down and Justin handed him Aaron who felt light compared to his big brother and Justin knelt down so Gus could climb on his back.  The group of four walked back to the house.  

“I think we could all use the hot tub for a while.  I made sure it wasn’t too hot so all of us can use it.” 

They didn’t bother with trunks.  They stripped down to the briefs and Aaron’s diaper and they got in the warm bubbling water. After a few minutes, Brian began rubbing Gus’ legs. “Daddy, why are you doing that?”

“Does it hurt you when I do it?”

“No, it feels good.”

“Well, since you have walked so much today, your strong muscles worked so hard, they might hurt a little tonight and tomorrow and this should help.” 

“Thanks Daddy.” Gus leaned against Justin and played with Aaron as Brian kept massaging his muscles.  Justin’s heart was nearly exploding.  He needed nothing more in his life. Soon Aaron was getting antsy so he got out with him and went into the house to start dinner and let him play on the floor for a while. 

“Gus and I will be in soon.  We will make sure we cover the tub and I will turn up the heat so you and I can use it later.”

“Now that sounds like a great idea.” Justin bent and dropped a kiss on each of their heads.  “What do you prefer for dinner tonight? We have something with chicken and something Italian.”

“What do you think, Gus?”

“Spaghetti!” he cheered.

Justin knew he would choose that.  “I don’t know if it is spaghetti but it will taste like it.”

“Yummy!”


They had an enjoyable evening and both boys were falling asleep during dinner.  Brian smiled at Justin.  “Why don’t you go put the boys down and I will clean up the kitchen.” Brian looked at Gus, “I will come give you a hug before you fall asleep.”

Justin kissed Brian as he took the boys to the room. “You better not take too long.  They will be asleep soon.”

Ten minutes later, Brian walked into the bedroom.  Aaron was already basically asleep and Justin was just pulling the blanket up to his chin.  Brian grabbed Gus’ favorite bear and tucked it next to him and gave him a kiss. “Did Daddy J give you a pill?”

“Yes, he said that should help but if I wake up at night to come to your room.”

“That sounds perfect.” Brian kissed his son once more.  “I love you, Gus.” 

“I love you, too, Daddy.”

Brian and Justin walked out, closing the door behind them. They took off their clothes and each grabbed a robe.  Brian poured them each a  glass of something at the bar and they walked out together. They sat in the steaming water under the stars. “Do you know how sexy you are?” Justin asked as he straddled Brian’s lap and faced him.

“Well, yes, I do know that but what made me extra sexy right now?” Brian chuckled as he pulled Justin in for a kiss.

“Seeing you and the boys together….there is nothing sexier than a man who loves his sons. And not only loves them but takes good care of them.”

“Well, that explains why I have never seen another man as beautiful as you.”  Brian positioned his cock as Justin moved slowly downward.  An hour after getting into the spa, the men walked to their room, relaxed from the liquor and the lovemaking. “Damn, we need this vacation.” Brian said as they slipped into bed.

“Yes, we do.  We need to get to know your dad better and, can you believe Aaron is one.  Our baby is one years old.” Justin relaxed against Brian.  “I think it is time to get some sleep. We’re going to be partying all day.” Justin turned his face up to Brian and they kissed. “Good night, love.”

“Good night, Sunshine.”


The next day was all centered around Aaron.  They took a walk in the morning  and spent some time in the meadow watching rabbits and then a doe with two fawns entered the grassy area. They watched the deer for several minutes before they ran away as thunder began rumbling in the distance.

“Daddies, we better get home before it starts raining.” Gus started walking back towards the house. Justin hurried to catch up while Brian put Aaron back in the pack. As he rounded a curve in the path, he saw Gus stopped ahead and then he saw why.  Ahead of Gus was a mama bear along with two cubs. When Gus heard something he glanced over his shoulder and then started taking steps backward until Justin’s arms wrapped around him. Justin moved so he was between Gus and the bear. 

“Gus, go stop your daddy.  Tell him I’m fine but stop him.” Justin’s tone was serious and almost sharp but Gus turned and ran.

“Daddy, there’s a bear.  No, there are three bears.  Stay away, Daddy.” Gus rushed to Brian’s side.

“Whoa, bears? Where?” Brian’s heart stopped as he dropped to a knee to hold Gus.

Justin slowly backed up and when he got to what he thought was a little more comfortable distance he started making noise. The mother rushed her cubs off the path and deep into the woods. Once Justin was sure they had moved out of range, he turned and called to Brian as he moved toward his family.  “It’s all clear.” he moved quickly and Brian and the boys were rushing toward him. 

“God, Justin, are you alright? I know that is a stupid question. What happened?” Brian kept one arm around Gus but pulled Justin with the other. 

The sky opened up and Justin took Gus’ hand. “We can talk when we get to the house.”  Brian stayed behind Justin who picked up Gus and they walked quickly until they were out of the woods and in the yard of the house. 

Once they were inside and Justin helped Brian with Aaron, they moved toward the kitchen.  “Sit down and I will get us…” Brian put Aaron on the floor and pulled Justin close.  He held him tightly until he quit shaking.  “Bri, I am fine. There really was no threat.” He noticed a nervous Gus standing close to them and dropped to one knee.  “Gus did exactly what he should do. He was the brave one.  He stopped where he was and didn’t get any closer to the bears and then he ran and kept everyone else safe. The bears just moved on like they should in the wild.”

“I was really brave?” Gus asked.

“You were and you kept your daddy and brother safe.” Justin stopped and glanced at Aaron.  He had been pulling himself up on things for months and moving around but now he stood holding on to a stool by the kitchen counter and just as Justin pointed Aaron took a step all by himself reaching out toward Brian. Brian crouched and Aaron completed the short distance into his arm. Gus cheered and clapped and the bears were forgotten for the time being.
                                                                                                               

The storm continued throughout the day.  They ate lunch and as the boys rested, Brian and Justin lay on the sofa with a great view of the storm.  The lightning was impressive but far enough away it was of no danger to them. “Justin, tell me about the bears.”

“My heart stopped when I came around the corner and saw Gus frozen where he was and the mother bear crossing with her cubs.  The bears didn’t even notice us.  Once I got him moving to you I just backed up and made enough noise that she thought they were in danger and she hurried on her way.  We could have been in danger if the boer had thought we were a threat.”         

“And of course you knew exactly what to do.” Brian kissed his neck. “I don’t know if I would have known…”

“Brian, you would have done the same thing.  I just happened to be the one who followed him. Watch the storm with me. I don’t want to talk.” Justin wiggled his ass against Brian. “Just plan for later activities after the birthday party.”


The rest of the day was all about the party.  Gus and Justin drew decorations and cards while Brian played with the birthday boy and helped him practice his walking. Justin made mac and cheese knowing that was one of Aaron’s favorites.  He heated slices of ham to go with it and some green beans.  And of course there was the truck cake for dessert. Once they had eaten they watched a bit of a movie before the boys were ready for bed.

“Daddies, how many more nights are we staying here?” Gus asked.

“One more night after tonight,” Brian responded.

“Do you think the bears will come by again?”

“No, I don’t think so and tomorrow we are going into town so we definitely won’t see the bears.”

“Ok, and then,” he yawned, “we are going to see fast cars?”

“Yes, sweetheart, and now it is time for you to go to sleep.”

“I love you, Daddy J.” Gus reached up and hugged Justin tightly. “Thank you for being so brave.”

He gave Brian a big hug, too, and curled up under his blankets.


By the next evening, Aaron had caught on to this walking thing. By the time he went to bed even Gus commented that Aaron learned to walk fast. And the next morning they were back on the road around 6:00 and the trip was scheduled just like the trip to West Virginia had been.

The next day was just for travel before a day at the Charlotte Speedway. Justin and Brian both took Gus for a trip around the oval in a race car and then both Brian and Justin had the chance to drive with a real driver in the passenger side. They hit speeds over 150 mph.  When Justin was finished he was all nerves.  

“That was an experience but I am not sure I want to do it again.”

When Brian was finished it was very different, “That was so amazing!  I would love to do that again!  Maybe someday I will do some racing.”  That was all he could talk about that night and as they left the next morning to drive to Atlanta, he still couldn’t stop talking about it. Justin tried to change the subject several times but it always went back to the race track.

Gus finally said, “Daddy, can we talk about Grandpa? I miss him so much.  How long are we going to stay?”

That finally got Brian’s mind off racing and he started thinking about Kevin.  He wasn’t sure what he would be doing for the next several weeks but he had told Kevin he wanted to see what his father really did for a living.  He understood what the shelter was there for but he wanted to know the day to day stuff. 

“And you know, Gus, you and Aaron will be spending sometime in the daycare where Grandpa works.  There are kids there you will be able to play with.  We will be in the same building so…”

“Daddy, I am used to going to preschool so I will watch out for Aaron.”

Justin looked back at Gus, “We have no doubt you will, Gus.”

“How much longer will it be, Daddy J?”

“I just looked at my phone and it said less than an hour.”

“Did you let Grandpa know? Are those other ladies going to be there?”

“Their names are Sally and Brandy and I am thinking they will like you to call them Aunt Sally and Aunt Brandy.”

“Do you think they will like me?”

“Oh, Gus, I have no doubt they are going to love both of you.  


“Sal, Father Kev just texted, the family will be here in about thirty minutes.” Brandy looked over at Sally who was reading her email.  “Did you get another email from Mary?”

“Yes, she’s a mess.” Mary was a girl they met at the center several years ago when they were all teenagers. Mary was sexually confused until she realized she was sexually fluid. They had lost contact for a few years but four months ago she emailed and told them she was pregnant.  The man was already out of the picture and she was in a relationship with a woman.  She knew she was not mother material right now and she had been trying to convince Sally and Brandy to adopt her baby.

“Sally, you agree we aren’t ready, right?”

“I do.  The diner is just taking off. I mean we opened the back room because we keep running out of room, not to mention we just bought our house. In a year or two, we will have our shit together.  I don’t want to rush into something like that and not be able to enjoy the experience plus,” She put Brandy’s hand on her flat stomach.  “I am kind of hoping to carry the baby myself.”  

Brandy pulled her close and kissed her, “That’s what I hope, too. Now we better meet Kev at this place Justin and Brian are staying while they are here.”

“I can’t wait to meet those boys.”


They pulled into the driveway of the massive house they had rented for at least a month and probably two. It was a big sprawling home. “Wow, he must be really rich.” Sally said as they pulled in next to Kevin. “I bet there are at least 6 bedrooms in there.  Maybe they will let us use one of the bedrooms while our house is torn apart.”

Kevin walked up and heard the comment. “You might want to meet them first but considering how many people live with them in Pittsburgh, they really probably wouldn’t mind.”

“Father Kev, we heard from Mary again.  She still doesn’t have parents lined up.  I keep telling her she needs to talk to an agency.”

“I’ll talk to her and get her connected. And there is a familiar SUV.” Brian and Justin pulled into the drive with a blare on the horn.

“Grandpa, Grandpa, Grandpa…” Gus was so excited.  Kevin went to Gus and helped him out of his car seat as Gus clung to him.  “I love you, Grandpa.”

“Oh, Gus, I love you, too, and I have missed you so much.” He set Gus down and hugged Justin who had been in front of Gus. “Welcome to Atlanta.”  Brian had gotten out and got Aaron out of his seat.  Kevin hugged his son and then took Aaron out of his arms. He kissed the little boy. “He has grown so much in the last 6 weeks.”

“He started walking this week and he hasn’t stopped.”

“Oh, please, let me introduce you to my girls. Sally, Brandy, come over here and meet my boys.” Justin walked over with Gus as the women walked over to Kevin and Brian. Kevin introduced Brian, Aaron, and Gus to Sally and Brandy. Hugs and kisses were exchanged and when it was over, Aaron was in Sally’s arms and Gus was asking Brandy questions.

“Well, let’s go in and see where we will be living,” Justin suggested.

Sally had guessed right.  The house had six bedrooms, three on the main floor and three upstairs. The master was downstairs so they put the boys in the rooms that were downstairs near the master.  There was a pool in the back and what looked like another house next to it.  

“Look, Daddies, we have a pool house here, too.  Who is going to live there?”

“Funny you should say that, Gus,” Kevin started.

“Kev, don’t…” Brandy said uncomfortably.

“Trust me, Brandy.” She nodded slowly.

“The girls bought a house and are living in the mayhem of construction right now.  Maybe…”

Justin jumped in, “Of course you can stay here.  It is obvious we have plenty of room.” Justin caught himself, “Bri, that’s Ok, isn’t it?”

“Of course it is.  I wouldn’t know what to do if it was just the four of us.”

Justin knew there was a hint of cynicism in his remark but he also knew Brian, enjoyed the activity and he also knew that the women worked long hours and wouldn’t be there a lot of the time.  “Gus, would you like your new aunts to be in the guest house?”

“Oh, yes!”

Sally’s phone pinged and she looked at it. “Oh, shit….oops,” she looked at Gus. “Father Kev, read this.”

The message was another message from Mary.  She had just got back from the doctor and said the baby could be here in the next two to three weeks. “If you could excuse me for just a couple minutes, I need to make a phone call.” Kevin walked out of the room.

“Ya’ll haven’t had lunch have you?” Brandy asked.

“No, in fact, Aaron needs a dry diaper and lunch, soon,  and I bet Gus is getting hungry, too.”  

“I’m on the diaper,” Sally volunteered.  “Brian can you show me where his stuff is?”  Brian grabbed the diaper bag and walked back to Aaron’s room.

“I am getting hungry.” Gus replied.

“Well, I thought we could head to the diner, unless you would rather have them bring something over here.”

“Daddy J, I really don’t want to go anywhere.”

“Is delivery alright, Brandy? They have had to move around a lot this week.” Justin said apologetically.

“I totally understand.” Justin and Brandy quickly made up an order and called it in. “It should be here in half an hour.”

“Gus, would you like an apple? It will be a little while before the food gets here,” Justin told him.

“Aunt Brandy, will you cut it up for me?”

“Of course I will, you little charmer.”  She picked him up and sat him on the counter while she looked for a knife and cut up an apple  for him.

Kevin, Brian, and Sally who was holding Aaron’s hands as he walked joined the others. Aaron saw Justin and Sally let his hands go as he moved on his own to Justin. As they waited for their lunch to be delivered and after Gus ate his apple, he started setting up his toys along with Aaron’s as Kevin and the girls filled Brian and Justin in on the situation with Mary.

“I called my friend at the adoption agency I have worked with before.  She will contact Mary as a courtesy to me but if this baby is coming in the next couple weeks they aren’t sure they will be able to get the baby placed before she is born.”

“It’s a baby girl?” Justin asked.

“It is. Do you know someone looking to adopt? Are Em and James looking already?”

“No, I think they have decided to wait,” Justin said. “What will happen if they don’t have a placement?”

“The baby will go into foster care.  I am sure they will be able to find an adoptive family soon.” Kevin said.  “White infants are not hard to place but Mary’s partner was mixed race and there are lots of families that don’t mind but some do.” Brian couldn’t stop looking at Justin.  He could almost hear the gears in his head turning. 

Lunch was delivered and the newly introduced family lightened the conversation.  Justin had heard a little about the women when he had come down several months ago but they told Brian a bit about their backgrounds and Brian did the same.  Justin had come from a much better background but he told them more about his father and his wonderful mother and sister. Gus crawled up on Sally’s lap and was now sleeping while Aaron was asleep on Kevin’s shoulder.

“That food was amazing.” Brian stretched and instinctively moved closer to Justin and put his arm around him. “Is all your food as good as that shrimp and grits was?”

“We like to think so.  We have the standard sandwiches and we have four or five house specials every day. We try to do seasonal specials and local organic but we still have the greasy, diner burgers, too.” Brandy said and then added, “And Sally makes some of the best pies you have ever imagined.”

“Well, I can’t wait to try more of what you have there,” Brian commented.

“Since you are letting us live here, you will probably get really tired of our food.”


Sally and Brandy had to leave to help with the dinner crowd but Kevin stayed for most of the day.  Every time he talked about leaving, Gus talked him out of it but eventually he had to go. 

Everyone was a little testy after dinner.  The last several days had been fun but without a routine even Gus was touchy tonight. Rather than the normal playful bathtime, they quickly got them cleaned up and tucked into the rooms they would sleep in for the next several weeks. Gus was teary eyed when they pulled the door shut because he wanted a toy that he hadn’t taken with him.  They tried to remind him he hadn’t slept with that toy for over a year but he said they should have known he would want that one tonight.

Justin made some of Ronni’s tea and drank it while Brian had a glass of whiskey. They sat on a sofa in a small den off the kitchen. They had some soft music on but sat without talking for a long time.  Justin got up and made another cup of tea, before sitting back down next to Brian.

“Sunshine, do you have a headache?”

“No, I….”

“Sunshine?”

“It isn't really a headache but I have a dull pressure. I am drinking an extra cup and I will take an extra pill.  It will be fine in the morning.”

“I am guessing that is why you haven’t mentioned the baby? I know we just talked about another child but I have to admit, after dealing with those two tonight, I’m not sure.  I mean Aaron is just walking and into everything… I am not sure we need…”

“Maybe we don’t need the baby but maybe the baby needs us.” Justin’s words were sharp but he stopped. He turned and kissed Brian’s cheek. “Before I say something I don’t want to, I am going to bed. We can talk about this in the morning.”

“Sunshine, I really….” he stopped.  “I will be in in a few minutes.  I will turn off the lights and make sure everything is locked up.” He took Justin’s hand as he stood up and pulled him down for one more kiss.  “I love you.”

 

“I love you, too, Brian.”


Chapter 2 by Simply written

Chapter 2


“Am I too early?” Nate stepped into Em’s kitchen.

“You are never too early.  I will just put you to work.” Emmett looked at Nate’s outfit.  He was in a casual ruffled blouse and knee length skirt.  “How are you feeling?”

“I’m feeling good.  The hormones are a little more in check and as you can see, I am getting comfortable in my new skin. I thought before the house guests arrive I would start wearing clothes I am comfortable in.”

“And you would like to be introduced as Natalia or Nat?” Em questioned.

“Yes, I still feel a little awkward but I have felt awkward in my own skin all my life. I always knew this wasn’t going to be easy but the hardest part so far is not seeing Tom. I miss him.”

“He misses you, too.  He called me the other night with some trumped up conversation but he really only wanted to find out how you were.   Maybe you should call him and say hi.”

“Em, it is taking all my strength not to call him but it would be so wrong for him.  You know his job would be on the line if there were any rumors about him and me. I couldn’t live with myself if he had to change his life because of me.  And he is such a good priest.”

“I am not sure if it was best for both of you or not but I think it had to be done, Nate.  Sorry, Nat.”

“Uncle Em, thanks for correcting yourself but I understand that will happen for a while. Now what are we eating and what can I do to help?”  


About half an hour later Ronni and Dante had joined James, Em, and Nat. They talked about Ronni and Dante’s new house.  It was progressing quickly.  Dante had planned to build this house for years.  He just didn’t know where it would be built until he met Ronni. It wasn’t a massive house but it had all the upgrades they could want. It had three bedrooms and a kitchen every chef would envy. Em asked about decorating features while Dante and James talked about security and electronics. Nat went back and forth between the conversations.  

“Hey, Em and James, thanks for dinner but I am going to head back.  I have to meet the cleaning crew early in the morning and make sure when they leave the place is ready for the guests.”

Ronni stood and walked Nat to the door.  She hugged him and whispered, “Do you want to do a makeup day this week?”

“Oh Ronni, I would love that.  I have put on drag makeup but I need to know how to do normal, day to day.”

“I’ll text you once I talk to the guests.” Ronni walked back and sat next to Dante.  She looked at her son and son in law.  “Are you going to tell us what is going on? You both have been acting odd.  If it was possible, I’d say one of you was pregnant.”

Em and James looked at each other and James said, “Mom, we have something to ask you but we know you and Dante will have to think about this. And if...”

“What is it, Jamey?”

“You know Em and I have talked about having a family and, well, we don’t know if this is even possible but,  we were wondering if you might be willing to donate your eggs and even carry the baby for us, if any of that is possible.”

“Ronni, we understand if you and Dante don’t  want to do this but we would just love to have a baby that is part of both of us.  We would love any child but….”

“Well, that is quite a request,” Dante commented.  “I just want you to know, if we get the doctor’s Ok that it is safe for her, it is her decision.  I could never stop her from doing something like that and I would never try.”

“Thank you, Ronni and Dante.”  Em put his arm through James.  “We will understand if you choose not to.”

“I will need to think about this and, yes, I will have to check with a doctor. I’m not 30 years old anymore and neither are my eggs and I didn’t have a horrible pregnancy with James but…”

“Mama,” James stood and walked over to her and extended his hand.  “You know how much I love you and if the doctor says that he wouldn’t suggest it I would never let you do this.  You come first in this case.  We will be able to have kids another way if it isn’t right for you.” James hugged his mother.

Ronni reached for Dante’s hand and he stood.  “Thank you for dinner. We both love both of you.” She hugged Emmett also.  “I have some things to think about. You are going to be great parents no matter how it happens.” 

And then it was just Em and James. “Well, we talked to them.” Em said.  “If it doesn’t work, we will find another way.”

“We are asking a lot of both of them but if anything happens to my mother…”

“James, Dante will not let her do it if there is any danger.  You know he loves her as much as we do.  She is so healthy and young.  Women her age have children every day.”

“You’re right. Let’s go finish cleaning up the kitchen and then maybe,” James pulled Emmett close and kissed him, slipping a hand over Em’s jean covered ass. “Emmett Honeycutt Augustin, do you know how much I love you?”

“Almost as much as I love you?”

“Will any of this spoil before morning?” 

Emmett looked around and stuck a couple things in the refrigerator. “I will do the dishes in the morning.” 

James picked him up and threw him over his shoulder. “That ass is mine for the next couple hours.”

“No, that ass is yours for the next several decades,” Em said as he was carried to the bedroom.


Justin woke and shut his eyes again.  He wouldn’t say this was one of his bad headaches but he hadn’t slept well.  He kept dreaming about a little girl reaching for him and smiling at him with a mop of dark hair but then he saw Brian, in the background, scowling and walking away. He wasn’t sure what Brian’s hesitancy was.  Justin started to sit up and dropped back down.  He felt movement next to him.

Brian gave him a light kiss. He reached past him and got one of Justin’s pills and handed it to him.  “I’ll go get you some tea.  The boys should be sleeping for a while yet.”  Brian came back in a few minutes to find Justin sitting up in bed. He could see the dark circles under his eyes. “You look like shit.” He said as he handed him the cup.  Brian sat on the edge next to him with his own cup of coffee.

“Thanks, honey, love you, too,” Justin said cynically.

Brian reached out and gently stroked his cheek and Justin rested his head in Brian’s palm.  “Is it bad?”

“It isn’t going to have me in bed for days.  It is just the remnants of the trip and the kids were tired last night and…” 

“Sunshine, isn’t that enough to show you that a baby right now isn’t the best idea?”

“Babies don’t always come when you are ready for them.”

“But ours can. We can find a surrogate and you could donate…”

“But what happens to this baby? What if she ends up in the system?”

“Justin, be reasonable. We aren’t even going to be home for over a month.”

Justin finished his tea and set the cup down. Without another word, he walked to the bathroom and Brian heard the shower start.  He sighed.  He just didn’t feel like this is what they needed right now.  Justin pushed himself so hard to be everything for everyone and now he wanted to add another person? How much could he take?

Brian checked his phone and found a message from Sally.  They had the morning off and were wondering if they could bring some of their stuff over to the guest house around 10:00.  He responded they were welcome anytime just as Justin came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. They hadn’t unpacked anything last night so he opened a suitcase and started putting his clothes in drawers. Brian came up behind him and put his arms around his shoulders.  “Damn you smell so good.  I love you, Justin.  I hate this tension between us.”

Justin turned into his arms and kissed him. “I do too and I love you, too. My head is feeling much better. I will drink another cup of tea and I will be good to go.”  They kissed again.  “I wish we had time for more but the boys will be up soon and I need to dress.”

“Sal and Brandy will be here about 10:00 to bring some of their stuff.”

“Ok, I think I hear Gus talking.  I need to pull on clothes.” Three minutes later Justin had shorts and a t-shirt on.  He kissed Brian as he walked to the shower and Justin was out the door.  He peeked in the door to the boys bedroom and Gus was sitting next to Aaron’s bed and telling him a story with one of his books. “Good morning, boys.” 

“Morning, Daddy J.  I’m reading Aaron a story.”

“Good morning, Gus.” Justin went over and kissed Gus.

“Dadadada.” Aaron said as Justin picked him up.

By the time Aaron had on a fresh diaper and clean romper for the day, they went out and found Brian in the kitchen.  He was starting some scrambled eggs and had bread in the toaster.  Justin placed Aaron in his highchair and he split a banana between the boys.  Justin moved behind Brian and slid his hand across Brian’s ass. “Those shorts fit amazingly.” He pulled out his phone and texted Brandy.  ‘Make sure you bring your suits if you have time.  The boys would love to swim with you’.  He whispered in Brian’s ear, “Maybe Sal and Brandy can swim with the boys for an hour while we…”

“Damn, I love the way you think.”

Brandy and Sal brought in several suitcases and bags and by 11:00 they were settled for now and put on their swimsuits. Justin had already brought the boys out and after slathering them in waterproof sunscreen they were splashing in the water.

Brian walked out and knelt next to Sally who was in the shallow end of the pool.  He said softly, “Do you mind watching these two for about an hour? I have plans for my husband.”

“Awe, I am not sure if you are a romantic or just horny but either way, we have to leave around 2:00 so I can make desserts for dinner.” 

Brian kissed her cheek. “Thanks, just ignore any noises you hear.”  Brian slipped his arm around Justin’s waist and they moved into the house. 

“Where’d those two go?” Brandy asked Sally as she sat next to Aaron on the steps of the pool.”

“Use your imagination.” Sally said as she played catch with Gus in the water.

“I’d rather go watch. They are so damn hot.”

“You don’t have to tell me that.  I’m the bisexual, remember?”

“Do I have to be worried?” Brandy reached over and ran her fingers down the back of her thigh.

Sally shivered, “You have nothing to worry about.”

Brian and Justin stripped and acted a bit like teenagers.  They rolled around on the bed, grabbing, rubbing, kissing, and finally Brian entered Justin. They moved as one and then came as one. Once they were both ready for round two, Brian lay on his back and Justin straddled him. He slowly began to move up and down on Brian’s erection.  They teased each other until once again they both climaxed. After laying there for about ten minutes they both got up and put on shorts before going out to the pool.  

Sally lay on a lounge with Aaron sitting on her stomach while Brandy worked with Gus teaching him to swim. Justin picked up Aaron and said, “Ladies, we can take our sons and if you would like to come for lunch in say, half an hour, I’ll have a salad together and there are some really good looking rolls and cold cuts in the kitchen.”

Sally walked over to the edge of the pool as  Brandy and Gus got out. “Sounds good.  Maybe after lunch we will have time to, um, relax.” Brandy said as she walked out of the pool and glided her hand over Sally’s bare midriff. 

Sally almost purred, “We will be there for lunch after we shower off.”

The women stripped and got in the shower of their temporary home. It wasn’t long and Brandy had Sally on the verge of an orgasm.  When she plunged her fingers deep inside Sally, she went over the edge, screaming loudly.

After they finished the shower, Sally kissed Brandy, “Your turn after lunch. We better get dressed and over there now.”

“I think we are going to have a great couple of months.” Brandy said as they walked hand in hand to the house.


After lunch Brian and Justin, along with the boys went to see where Grandpa worked. Justin drove since he had been there before.  Kevin came out to greet them and then carrying Aaron and holding Gus’ hand he went around introducing them to all his coworkers. By the time they arrived at the daycare section, Gus was ready to play with kids his own age so the three men and Aaron moved on.  Kevin showed them the new wing that Justin and Brian had helped finance.

“Justin, this is the area I am hoping you can help with.  You can see these hallways and the rooms are very nondescript.  I have volunteers that are going to paint the rooms a variety of colors but I was hoping you could do some murals or abstract art in the hallway.  We would love something on the outside of the building, too, but that will have to wait.  It will be far too hot to paint outside this visit.”

Justin squeezed Kevin’s arm, “We will be back.  That can be next time.”

Kevin showed them around the remainder of the building and they walked back to his office. “Father, I have a message for you,” his secretary said as they entered the brightly lit area.”

“Thank you,” he said and read it over quickly. He crossed himself and said something very softly.

“Bad news?” Brian asked.

“Oh, just Mary was put in the hospital on bed rest. Mary is a sweet woman but she is a bit scattered and not very organized.  I know she has gone to her doctor’s appointments and done her best to have a healthy pregnancy but she hasn’t done any planning. By now she should have gone to social services that help with adoptions and she should have chosen a family.  She should have been building a rapport with them so she would feel comfortable once it was time for the baby to arrive. She wants me to come see her because now she is panicking that the child will end up in foster care.”

“Are you going to go see her?” Brian asked.

“Yes, I need to,” Kevin said.

“May I go with you?” Justin asked.

“You all can if you like.”

“No,” Brian said quickly.  “The boys need a nap, at least this one does.” Aaron had laid his head on Brian’s shoulder.

“You can take the boys home and put them down and I will see you...How long will we be gone?”

“We should be back at about 5:00.”

“Justin, Don’t you think…” Brian stopped. “I’ll get Gus.” He took the diaper bag Justin had over his shoulder and left the room.

“I wondered if you two had talked about it. Last night it was obvious you weren’t in agreement.” Kevin grabbed his car keys and Justin followed him to the car as they talked.

“I don’t know what his problem is.  We have talked about another child and it is like we are being offered one and it is a girl and I so wanted a baby girl.  Gus and Aaron will be such good big brothers.”

“Justin, I will never be a father in law that pries and I have seen the love you and my son have but a child is not like painting the bathroom.”

“Kevin, he is doing this because he doesn’t think I can handle another child.  I mean we parent together but because of my job, some things fall on me and I wouldn’t have it any other way. He just thinks I am too fragile.”

“Are you fragile? I mean I know about your headaches.”

“Yes, I get headaches but for one thing, we always have help in the house if I have a bad day and I am having fewer and fewer bad days.  Between the medication I have and Ronni’s miracle tea, I may only have one day a month where I suffer a bit.”

“I have to admit, you would be an answer to prayers.” Kevin turned on his blinker and got on the freeway.  “I think it is best not to out and out tell Mary you want her baby.  Let’s get a feel for her mood and let her get to know you a little. Show her pictures of my beautiful grandsons.  Let her see your family.  Will Brian be upset if you push this?”

“Brian always gives me what I want.”

“I would worry about that if I didn’t know your heart, Justin.”

The men chatted as they continued toward the hospital.  And then they were there. Kevin stopped at the welcome desk as he clipped on his clergy bag. They gave him Mary’s room number and Justin and Kevin moved to the elevators.

Kevin led the way and tapped on the door as he walked into Mary’s room. “Hey, sweetheart, how are you feeling? How’s that baby of yours?”

“Oh, Father Kevin, thank you for coming. My partner had to go to work and I was getting lonely.  Who is this with you?”

“Oh, I am sorry.  What poor manners I have.  Mary, this is my son in law, Justin.”

Justin moved closer and shook her hand.  “Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, too.  Father Kevin, I heard about your son.  That is so cool.”

“It is.  They are visiting for the summer. Justin is an amazing artist and he is doing a couple things to help the shelter. And, with a son and son in law, I got two grandsons!  Justin, show off your beautiful family.” Justin opened his picture gallery and handed his phone to her.

“Oh, look at those beautiful faces.  Did you have surrogates?”

“No, Gus, the oldest is Brian’s son.  He is with us most of the time but he was born to a friend of Brian’s and her partners.  Aaron is actually my half brother.  My father had a relationship before he was sent to prison.  The mother is an amazing woman who is finishing her school now.  He just turned one this week.”

“You have a beautiful family,” Mary’s voice cracked. “Father Kev, I screwed up again.  I don’t know what I am going to do.  I really don’t want my baby to go into foster care.  I don’t want her to be passed around.”

Justin started opening his mouth but Kevin laid a hand on his shoulder.  “I have a couple leads.  I will follow up on those. Will your girlfriend be back tonight?”

“Yes, she will be here around dinner time.”

“Well, I need to get Justin back to his boys and I am going to try to con a dinner invitation from him.”

“You know you are always welcome, Kevin.” Justin walked to Mary and took her hand.  It was very nice meeting you.  I wish you all the best.”

“Thank you, Justin.  You are very nice.” 

They said goodbye and walked out to the elevator. Once in the car, “We are going to have that baby.  I just…”

“I stopped you for a reason.  I want to check out a couple things before we say too much. There was a time when Mary was young that she was a bit of a scam artist. I mean she needed to survive but I know more than once she fleeced money from people.  I don’t want her to have too much of your information if that is still in her nature.” They moved out of the hospital to the car. “I will come back tomorrow and talk to her a little more. And you need to talk to my son.”

“Kevin, we will talk.  I think you know him well enough already.  You talking to him would do more.  Remind him I am stronger than he thinks. Remind him he makes mid 6 digits, we can afford to hire someone to help me and my family makes me happier than anything else in the world.”

“Justin, if he asks for my advice I will tell him what I think but I am not going to get into the middle of this.”

“I’m sorry I won’t pull you into it.  We will work it out.” Justin pulled out his phone, “I’m telling Brian we will pick up some dinner at the diner if you don’t mind going past there.”

“Sounds like a great idea.” 

“Grandpa…..” Gus shouted as they came in the door. He ran full speed into his arms.

“He used to run to me like that.” Justin said smiling as Gus was embraced by Kevin.

“Hey,” Justin walked over to Brian and gave him a kiss.  He looked over at Aaron who was standing by a chair bouncing up and down on his little legs. 

“Dadada,” Aaron smiled over at Justin and started wobbling to his daddies.  Justin set the bag of food down on the counter.

“So did she fall in love with you and offer you her child?” Brian said snidely.

“So it is going to be like that?” Justin raised his eyebrows and then bent and picked up Aaron. 

Brian took the bag of food and started emptying it. “What are we eating?”

“Your guess is as good as mine.  Sally said she would pack us enough food for the five of us. Brian looked at Justin, ready to make a snide comment but he looked at his dad and thought better of it. Justin had to realize he was doing this for him but right now was not the time.  

Gus put the plates on the table while Kevin brought the silverware.  Justin put Aaron in his highchair then Brian and Justin got the food on the table.  One of the containers said, ‘the boys’.  Brian opened it and it was the most amazing mac and cheese they had ever seen.  It had some cauliflower and carrots ‘hidden’ inside.  Both Gus and Aaron dug in.  The other containers had hot roast beef sandwiches in them. It was homemade bread layered with slices of roast, and topped with mashed potatoes and gravy.

“I hope you guys like it.  They know it is my favorite.” Kevin pushed the plate aside and dug into the food straight from the container. “Oh, my girls are so talented.” He took a massive bite of everything together. “I say I adopted them but I think they actually adopted me.”

“This is so good,” Justin said.

Gus and Aaron both had some mashed potatoes and gravy from their dads and soon everyone was full.  “I think I see cookies in here.”

“May I have a cookie, PLEASE?” Gus asked.  

“How about if I help you with your bath while Grandpa and Daddy straighten up this little mess and then we can have dessert by the pool in your jammies?”

“Yeah!” Gus said and looked at Kevin, “You are going to have dessert too, aren't you Grandpa?”

“Of course, I am you little munchkin! You don’t think you get to eat my dessert, do you?”  Kevin walked around and kissed Gus on the top of his head. “Go with Daddy J and I promise to be here.” Justin took Aaron out of the highchair and with Gus in the lead, they went to their shared room.

“He told you to convince me we need this baby, didn’t he.” Brian said as he collected the trash off the table.

“Son, I am not going to tell either of you to do anything. I am here to listen if you want to tell me your concerns.”

“Dad, he does so much already! He has the Anna Claire project.  He has the boys.  He keeps the staff organized. And then he tries to squeak in time with his art. And then there are his headaches.  Dad, he doesn’t need any more stress.”

“And there is no other reason?” Kevin asked.

“When I get busy I hardly see him.  With another kid… You think we should take the baby.”

“Brian, yes, I want that baby to find a good home but it has to be the right home.” Kevin wiped the table and said, “Why don’t you make a pot of coffee? And I want to hear more about this racing experience.  I think I could enjoy that.”

Before Brian could say anything, Gus came flying past making the noise of a race car.  “Gus, your dad and I were just talking about race cars.”

Gus led his grandpa outside and once Kevin had sat down, Gus crawled up on his lap.  Brian was pouring coffee into the carafe when Justin came around the corner with Aaron all fresh and snuggly.  Justin passed the sleepy little boy to Brian and kissed Aaron’s cheek and then kissed Brian.  The kiss wasn’t long but when they separated both men shivered.

“Come here snuggly boy,” Brian held Aaron close and he kissed his daddy.

“Are the cookies outside?” 

“Ya, Kevin took them out. I have the bottle and Gus’ sippy cup.”

“And I have the coffee and mugs,” Justin said as he followed Brian outside.” 

“And we went over 100 miles an hour.  I can’t even count that far.” Gus was saying as they walked up to the table. Gus and Aaron drank milk and had a cookie while the men sipped on coffee and ate a cookie, too.

“Dad, we will need to go back to Charlotte.  Maybe when we head home you could come up with us that far and we can do it again.  I have never done anything so fun.”

“I can remember a few times…” Justin said under his breath.

Brian leaned over and kissed him, “That is a whole different activity.” He turned back to his dad, “I actually hit 163. It was such a high. Maybe I will start my own team. I am going to see if there is something close to home. If I could drive like that all the time..”

“Brian, you’re not serious are you? I mean it was fun and we could set something up a couple times a year but they have all the safety procedures in place.  You can’t …”

“Why can’t I? I work hard, I can play hard.”

“Gus, I think it is time for bed.  Say goodnight to your grandpa and your daddy.” Justin lifted a sleeping Aaron off of Brian’s chest. Gus kissed Kevin and Brian and followed Justin into the house.  Justin laid Aaron down and then tucked Gus into his bed.

“Daddy J are you and Daddy mad at each other?”

“Why do you ask that, Gus?”

“I don’t know.  You aren’t yelling or anything but you usually kiss a lot more and,” he reached out and touched Justin’s cheek, “you touch each other like this.”

“Oh, sweetheart, no.  And you know we always love each other, right?”

“Oh, I know that, Daddy J.  Even when you are mad at each other you love each other.”

Justin gave his oldest son a big hug.  “You are so right.  I will always love your dad and you boys.”

“I love you, too, Daddy J.”

When Justin arrived back outside he was carrying a cup of tea.  Kevin was asking Brian about the racing.  He was happy to hear him asking about the safety protocols they had in place.  “See, Brian, they had all the safety rules in place.  You can’t just…”

“You aren’t going to tell me again what I can and can’t do, are you?

“Well, you seem to enjoy telling me what I can…”

“And that’s my cue to go. Justin, are you coming over tomorrow to start sketching?”

“Ya, and I will have the boys in the daycare.  I will have to leave about 3:00 so I can check out my art at the gallery. Can the boys stay there?”

“Of course.  How about you, son? What are your plans?”

“I actually have to do a little work in the morning.  It shouldn’t be more than a couple hours.  Mainly, Ted needs my signature and then I will come and look at the business plan you mentioned.”

“Oh, that would be great. Well, I have a long day tomorrow. I will see you both tomorrow.” He kissed Justin and then Brian before leaving through the house.

Brian and Justin still sat next to each other but they were both very quiet. Justin stood.  “I need to go to bed. Are you coming?”

“In a….” he felt Justin tense up.  “Ya, I am coming.” They both stood and Brian pulled him close, running his hands down to Justin’s ass.  “You were right about one thing.  Riding that ass of yours is the best ride I could ever have.”


The next day they all completed the schedule they had planned. Justin got the sketches done for the shelter and Brian helped Kevin with the advertising for Justin’s art show fundraiser. The boys were in the daycare and every time Brian or Justin checked on them they were having a great time. “Dad, this place is great.”

“I have great staff and the daycare is our biggest monthly income for the shelter.” Kevin patted Brian’s arm and picked up the layout for the brochure.  “And this will get people to the Gala and Justin’s artwork will bring so much awareness to this place.”  Kevin’s phone pinged. “Oh, I have to go.”

“You are coming for dinner, right?”

“I would love to but you don’t have to feel obligated to have me every night.”

“Dad, it isn’t an obligation.  The boys love you and we are still getting to know each other.”

“I am heading to the hospital to see Mary. Have you and Justin talked?”

“I still have my reasons for not liking the idea of a baby right now but, Dad, last night Aaron woke up and Justin picked him up and brought him out of the room so Gus didn’t awake. I watched him calm him down and get him a drink and then he sang to him and he fell back to sleep.  How can I deny another child the love we have to give? I have to admit I have been thinking about her already.”

“Have you told him yet?”

“I will tell him tonight but he has to give a little bit about the racing.”

“Brian, are you really still thinking about racing…”  Kevin got up and straightened his desk as Brian responded.

“Dad, I know I wouldn’t be able to race often enough to make it worthwhile but I think I came up with a compromise.”  

Kevin kissed his cheek, “I will see you around 6:00.  Do you want me to pick up dinner?”

“Why don’t I let you know.  I will talk to Justin and one of us will get back to you.”

Brian walked out with him and they went their own way. Brian went to collect the boys.  Justin was at the gallery and would meet them at the house later.  “Daddy, are we going home?” Gus ran up to him when he walked into the daycare. “Yes, I am ready to go for a swim, how about you.” 

“YEAH! Let’s go get Aaron!”


Justin moved around the art gallery. His work had arrived and he had checked it for any damages. It all looked great so now he was just enjoying a few minutes to take in some of the other work they had in the building. He couldn’t remember the last time he had roamed around an art gallery.  He thought it was when Aaron was a couple months old and he had carried him in a front carrier.  He imagined the warmth of his little body against him and all he could picture was the baby girl that needed them.  His phone rang and he saw it was Brian. “Hey, babe, where are you and the boys?”

“We just got home and we are going swimming.”

“With or without trunks?” Justin asked huskily.

“Damn, you know I can’t say what I want.” Brian purred.

“I am about to leave the gallery which means I should be home in twenty minutes or so.”

“Oh, Dad was wondering about dinner.  He will pick something up on his way or should we cook?”

“Are you willing to help with dinner? We have so much food in this house.”

“That sounds perfect.  Get over here and we will see if trunks are optional.” 

“Damn, I love you, Brian.”

“I love you, too, Sunshine. Get that gorgeous ass over here.”

 Brian texted his dad and got the boys in their suits.  Justin arrived ten minutes later and, after pulling some fish out of the freezer, he was in the pool with the rest of his family.  “Does life get any better than this?” Brian said as he gave Justin a kiss.


Kevin walked into Mary’s room, “Oh Father, I was hoping you would stop by.”

“I told you I would,” he walked over and squeezed her hand.  “How are you feeling? How is the little one?”

“She is getting anxious to arrive and I am so scared.  The doctor hopes it will be a month but she could come any time. The social worker came by and had me fill out some papers saying I was going to give the child up and….” Mary started tearing up.

“I don’t want to just give her to a stranger.  I know I waited too long.  I just didn’t want to promise her to someone and then change my mind but now I know I am a real screwup and I am not ready for the responsibility.”

“Mary, I might have a solution for you.”

“Did you find someone to take my baby?”

“What would you think if my son and Justin adopted her? They had been talking about a third child and….she would have two brothers.”

“And you for a grandfather?”

“Yes, I guess so.”

“Can I talk to them together?”

“I am sure that can be arranged.  I will talk to them tonight and I will let you know when it works for them.”

“I’ll be here, since I barely get to leave the room.”

And with that, Kevin said goodbye and headed to see his boys.


“Justin, is there anything you can’t do?  That dinner was amazing.” Kevin said as he rocked a sleeping Gus on his lap.  Aaron was already in bed.  Brian walked to the wine fridge and pulled out a bottle of champagne and then he grabbed three flutes.

“Bri, what’s the champagne for?” Justin wrapped his arm around Brian’s waist as he filled the three glasses. 

“Well, Sunshine, isn’t it normal to celebrate having a baby?”

“Brian? Brian are you serious?” Justin stood and the three clinked their glasses before Brian and Justin kissed. 

“I am,” he set his glas down and put one hand on each side of Justin’s face. “Last night when you had Aaron and he was fussy, I realized, yes, children are a lot of work but it is obvious how much you love them and you are right, we have so much to give a child.” 

“You are the most wonderful man in the world.”

Justin looked at Kevin who was sipping his drink and smiling.  “Did you know about this, Kevin?”

“I did not know he was going to do this, no, however, he did tell me he already pictured her in your family.”

“Why don’t I go put this guy to bed and then I will head home. I have a feeling you have plenty to talk about.”

Kevin carried Gus out of the room and Brian sat down and Justin sat on his lap.  “What else do we need to talk about?”

“I am not giving up on a little speed here and there but I think my adrenaline has finally returned to normal and I am thinking clearly.  I am thinking a motorcycle might be fun.  It will give me the rush I need once in a while but we’re not talking about 150 mile per hour.”

“Thank god! I would have had to handcuff you to the bed if you kept talking about racing, not that I am thrilled with a motorcycle but if you realize you have a family that can’t live without you…”

“I am not going anywhere and how the hell could I forget the best family in the world.”

Brian got up and pushed Justin against the counter as he undid his fly.  “I’ll see myself out,” Kevin said as he moved to the front door.  Brian and Justin both waved as Brian turned Justin around and tugged his shorts down and then his own.  As he entered him he started a slow and steady movement.  He rested his mouth near Justin’s ear.

“What... do…. you….think….about...Jessica... Ann…. her name,” he said as he moved in and out.  “We could call her...Jessi!” both men climaxed and Brian pulled Justin close.

“Jessi Ann,” Justin said softly.  “I love it and I love you.”

 

Chapter 3 by Simply written

Chapter 3


Justin heard Brian’s phone ringing as he woke from a deep sleep. “Bri, your phone.” 

“Ya,” Brian mumbled. “Who is it?” he said rather than looking at the screen.

“Brian, I am so sorry I woke you.” James said apologetically. “I just wanted to let you know what happened before you heard it in the Pittsburgh news.”

Now Brian was awake and sitting up.  “What is it, James?” The tone of Brian’s voice had Justin sitting up and Brian hit the speaker button on the phone.

“No one is hurt or anything.  There was an accident right by Britin and the truck ended up going through the front gate.  I already have a contractor who will come and put a temporary fix on it and then he will get it completely fixed in a couple weeks.”

Brian relaxed along with Justin.  “Thanks for the call.  I take it the press took pictures.”

“Yes, the truck was full so produce was everywhere and it was a real mess. I’ve been up most of the night.”

“It sounds like you have everything under control.”

“How are the guests?” Justin asked. “Any issues?”

“Nothing Mom and Nat can’t handle,” Em’s voice came over the phone.  “James has to go talk to the contractor. Everything is good here.  The guests are great.  All the family wants to do is hang by the pool and the dad works part of the time and most nights they go out for dinner.”

“That’s great,” Justin heard the boys, “Brian, can you go get them.  I will be there in a couple minutes.” They kissed before Brian got out of bed, slipping his robe on as he walked out the door. “Em, I am so excited….”

“Wait, can I tell you something first?”

“Sure, Em, sounds important.”

“Sunshine, Ronni said she would have a baby for us!  She is having some testing done but she wants to carry a baby for us!  It would be part of James and part of me!  I am so excited.”

“Oh, Emmett, I am so excited for the two of you. Well, actually it might be all four of you. You are going to be great dads and Ronni and Dante are the perfect grandparents.”

“What were you going to say before I interrupted?”

“It will wait, Em.  I was just going to tell you about Kevin’s girls.  They are living in our guest house while their house is being remodeled and I think Bri and I are going to get a night out this weekend.”

“Justin, you and Brian are a hard dad act to follow but I am glad we have you for advise. We will talk soon.  James is coming back.”

“Bye, Em.  We will talk soon.”

When Justin walked into the kitchen Gus was biting into a banana. “Good Morning, Daddy J.  What did Uncle Em say? I miss him.”

“Uncle Em and Uncle James are good.” Justin hugged Gus and then kissed the top of Aaron’s head before walking around to Brian and bringing his lips to Brian’s ear he said, “I have something to tell you later.”

“Hey, can we join you if we cook?” Sally said as she and Brandy came through the door.

“We had a lot of leftover biscuits and gravy yesterday,” Sally said.  

“And I thought I could make up some of my special scrambled eggs…”

“You make special eggs?” Gus asked

“I do!  I put magic sparkle dust in them and if you don’t hold them down they will float away.”

“Wow!” Gus was enthralled.

“Are you two off today?” Brian asked.

“We are and we think it is time for the two of you to take some time off.  Please let us have the day with our sweet nephews.”

Brian put his arm around both Sally and Brandy and kissed each of them on the cheek. He then walked over to Justin and pulled him tightly against him. “Damn, what will we do for a whole day?”

“I am sure we will figure something out,” Justin purred.

“You two are so cute,” Sally said.

“Now get out of my way so I can make magic eggs.” Brandy pushed them around the island.


An hour later, Brian and Justin were walking out of the house and heading to introduce Brian to Mary.  After that they had no specific plans except to enjoy time to themselves.

“Justin, look at that!” Brian slammed on the brakes and pulled into a Harley Davidson dealership.  

“I see lots of motorcycles.” Justin smiled over at him. “It is obvious that you see something special. You know I have never been into cycles.  I mean I could enjoy a leisurely ride now and then but I don’t know one from the other.”

“Sunshine, they have a softail.  The softail I wanted so badly at 18 but I barely had $10.00 let alone enough to buy even a rundown model that barely ran.” He pulled into a spot and jumped out of the car. 

Justin got out and followed Brian.  He wasn’t sure but he thought Brian might have skipped on his way in. 

“Look at it, Justin.  Isn’t it gorgeous? I mean it has been restored to its original look.”

“I kind of like when I’m the one you call gorgeous.” He looked at a couple of the things Brian pointed out.  

“I will show you later the difference between this being gorgeous,” he smiled over at him, “And this being gorgeous.” He ran his hand over Justin’s neck.  “I want to kiss you but for some reason I am not sure that is the best idea right now,” he said as a salesman walked up. 

“You have great taste,” the salesman said. “It is rare to find a softail of this age in this condition.”

“It is very nice. I could…”

“What is the cost of this machine?” Justin interrupted.

“It is a steal! The cost is only $12,500.”

“Is this the only one you have?”

“We have another one over here.”

Brian hadn’t noticed the other one standing off to one side.  “Oh, what the fuck? Where did you get this? Justin, I want….”

“Sir, the cost of this one?”

“I’m afraid this one is more expensive.  We are asking $15,000 for this one. We don’t have much wiggle room.  This ….”

“Thanks for the information.  We’ll go discuss…”

“Sunshine, what are you doing? We…”

Justin took Brian’s arm and led him out of the building.

“What are you doing? I want ...no, I need one of those.  The second one we saw…”

“Bri, you were way too eager and we haven’t even looked at the price range anywhere.”

“Damn, I hate it when you’re right.”

“Let’s go meet Mary and then do a little research and then we can go back there before we go home.”

“Do you always have to be so right?” Brian pulled him close.

“I was right when I picked you.”  Justin kissed him and said, “I’ll drive.  I know how to get there.”

“That sounds good.  I will look up the bikes.” Brian was quiet for a few minutes. “You’re right, Sunshine, they are priced too high.  I’ll keep looking.”

“Maybe we should just wait until we get home.  I mean if you buy one here we will have to figure out how to get it home and I am not thrilled with you riding one of those, but at least at home you know the roads and could even put in a track around our property.”

“Justin, a Harley is made for the open road. You and I could take it up to the mountains for a weekend.”

“You have to promise me something,” he said as he pulled into a parking spot at the hospital.

“What is that?”

“You aren’t 18 anymore and you have a loving family that needs you more than life itself.” He leaned in and Brian met him half way. Brian reached and put a hand behind Justin’s head, taking the kiss much deeper than Justin had planned.  “Ok, you haven’t forgotten.  One more thing before we go in there.” They both got out of the car and started walking to the building.   He stopped and faced Brian, “I feel like I pressured you into this baby and I know, that can’t be how we decided to add to our family.  If you really don’t want to grow our family, I understand.”

Brian stepped closer and put his arms around Justin’s waist, “I was only hesitant because you do so much already. I don’t want you to ever feel like all you have time for is being a parent when I know what an amazing artist you are. But last night, when you were with Aaron, I swear you were reenergized.”

“Ah, how can you not feel their souls and get reenergized.”  They started walking again.

Brian all the sudden remembered something, “In the kitchen this morning you said there was something you needed to tell me.  Does it have anything to do with Mary and the baby?”

“Oh, no but I’m glad you reminded me.  This morning after you left, Em told me some news.”

“I thought you might have told him our news.”

“I was going to but I haven’t even told Mom yet, which by the way I need to do tonight.  Em told me he and James are working on parenthood themselves.”

“That’s great.”

“That’s not all.”

“What else could there be? James isn’t quitting is he?”

“No, nothing like that.  Ronni is going to be their surrogate.”

Before Brian could answer, the elevator door opened and Brian and Justin moved down the hall and into a room.

“Justin, Father Kevin said you were coming this morning.”

Justin walked over and gave her a hug.  “Mary, I would like you to meet my husband, Father Kevin’s son, Brian.”

Brian walked over and took her hand, “Nice to meet you, Mary.  How are you feeling today?”

“I feel like a blimp. Who am I kidding, I look like one, too.” Mary smiled over at Brian.  “You look like your father. He is a wonderful man.”

“Yes he is.  I have only known him for a few months but I can tell he has done a lot of good around here.”

“I wouldn’t be here if he hadn’t taken me in. I was very young and on the streets with nowhere to go.  I …. I am done with that life but now I have this life,” she rubbed her stomach, “and I know I am not ready to be a parent.  Do the two of you know someone looking to adopt?” Mary started to tear up.  “I should have planned.  I have never been good at planning.” Tears now ran down her cheeks.

Justin moved close and held her hand, “Mary, I showed you pictures of our boys.”  She nodded.  “We think they need a little sister. We are hoping you might let us adopt her.  Kevin said he has a lawyer that can help with the paperwork and, of course, we will pay for all of that.”

“Are you serious?Those beautiful boys will be her brothers?”

“And she will have a grandmother and aunt that will love her so much, not to mention our extended family.” Justin kissed her cheek and they talked for the next half hour before Brian and Justin left to get the paperwork started.

The rest of the day went too quickly.  They talked to the girls who told them to take their time.  They had just put the boys down for naps, even though Gus was sure he was too big for naps.  When the boys woke they were all going to a nearby park for a bit and they would have dinner ready at 7:00.  Sally said, “Unless you two want to go out for dinner.”

“No, we will be home by 6:30 or so. Any suggestions for a romantic lunch?” 

Brandy and Sally both said the same place at the same time.  Brandy said, “It is run by friends of ours.  They will have a table ready for you.”  And with that they hung up.


Brian and Justin walked up to a gate that appeared to lead them into a back alley.  “Are you sure we have the right place?” Brian asked.

“I just double checked with Sally and she said this is right.  We just need to press the button.” Justin reached over and pressed what looked like a doorbell.

“Brian and Justin?” a voice came over the speaker.

“Yes.” Brian said, a bit surprised.  The gate swung open. 

“Just follow the path. It is the second door on the left. No rush, enjoy the view.” They walked through and it shut behind them.  

Going through the gate had somehow transported them to a Mediteranion village.  They linked fingers as they strode slowly. Justin spent a couple minutes looking at a mural.  “Isn’t this beautiful,” Justin said almost in a whisper.

As they moved closer to the door the mural had been vandalized. “Who could ruin such a marvelous….” Justin started but was interrupted.

“Brian and Justin, please come in. I am Camile.  My husband and I own this little place.  When Sal called we started a special lunch for you.  I hope you don’t mind.”

“This place is great,” Brian said as they were ushered into a small inner courtyard that was shaded and had small fans cooling the area.

Brian pulled out Justin’s chair and kissed him as he sat down. “Please we have a chilled salad waiting for you.  Please sample our different dressings. Oh and there is a basket of bread sticks.  I will be back when your main dish is ready. Take your time.”

“Wow,” Justin continued to look around. “Every place I look I see something else I want to paint.  I think I might be adjusting my work at the shelter.”

“This is definitely a calm, relaxing place.” They ate their salad full of fresh fruit and spring greens.  They tried the three dressings that were available, each better than the one before.

“I hope I’m not rushing you,” Camile appeared, followed by another wait staff.  “Here we have a specialty of the house.  Brandy assured me you were not picky eaters so I hope you enjoy the fish.  It has been poached in brown butter with dill and lemon. And,” she turned and took the plates from her staff who then turned and left.  She set down a platter of different olives and cheese and in her other hand was another basket of bread.  Rather than the crispy breadsticks that had been served with the salad, this was a sliced baguette that was perfect for sopping up the sauce with the fish.

“Damn, this is SO good.  I mean Brandy and Sally are great but this is a totally different style.” Justin said as his hand went under the table and found Brian’s crotch. “If I didn’t know better they put something in this food that made me horny as hell!” Justin unzipped Brian’s fly and slipped his hand into it. Brian closed his eyes as Justin’s warm fingers grazed his cock. With his free hand Justin popped an olive in his mouth and rolled it around on his tongue for Brian to see. Justin felt Brian’s reaction as his cock got rock hard. After swallowing them he popped a couple more in his mouth and then immediately dropped under the table.  Brian felt the heat of Justin’s mouth and the chill of the olives move across his erection and, he wasn’t sure why but, he lost control and climaxed within moments.

Camile had approached the door but when she saw the scene she backed off.  Dessert could wait. She came back ten minutes later and Justin was sitting back in his chair and Brian was having a hard time keeping his hands off of him.  “I figured you two could use just a little something sweet so I brought you a sample platter.” There were several ten bite size bars on it, five different treats for each.

“Oh, Camile, I don’t know if I can eat anymore,” Brian sighed.

“Well, may I suggest you both try this bite size baklava and I will box these up for you to take home with you.  Brandy asked me to send something home anyway.” Camile headed toward the door.

“Oh, Camile, before you go, I was going to ask, what happened to the mural outside?”

“We had vandals break in.  Thankfully, they didn’t have time to trash the whole thing but I think we will just have to paint over part of the mural.  We cannot leave the damage as it is.”

“Camile, I would love to redo it for you.  I am just not sure if I have time this trip.  I think if I had two days I could finish it but it might be a little hot right now anyway.  Do you think you could maybe just hide it for now and we could make a trip in the fall….”

“You would do that? I have seen your art.  You are so talented.  I am not sure we could afford… We have only been here five months and you can see we hope for quality but we don’t have room for quantity.”

“I work for food.  Feed us like this when we come to town and we have a deal.  You buy the paints, I’ll put in the labor.”

“You have a deal!” Justin stood and Camile hugged him.

“Hey, Brian, I need to use the bathroom.  I will meet you by the front door.” Justin rushed to the restroom.  He had managed to send an email to the Harley dealer earlier and made them an offer on the second bike they saw.  He looked for a response and the dealer said they had a deal.  He gave them his card information and said he would talk to them tomorrow.


Brian and Justin spent the next two hours with lawyers.  Kevin’s associate had the paperwork started and Brian had his lawyer on a conference call so he could start drawing up a new will.  He also had his lawyer work on a financial agreement for Mary.  They would pay for all her medical expenses.  They had to be careful how everything was worded so it didn’t look like they were buying the child.  The two lawyers said they would work it out so it met the Georgia law.  Brian and Justin knew Mary had been laid up for a while so they hoped to be able to do something for her. 

When Brian and Justin left the lawyer Justin did something he hated to do to Brian.   When Brian said he was going to stop at the Harley Dealer on the way home, Justin lied, “Bri, I think I am getting a headache. I promise, we will go back tomorrow.”

Brian was concerned and said, “Of course, Sunshine.  Let’s get you to the house so you can take your pill and drink your tea.”

“Thanks, Bri, I love you.”

“I love you, too, Sunshine.”


Justin was actually happy to drink a cup of tea.  They had drank some wine at lunch and between that and the baby and the motorcycle, he had had a busy day. And he was very excited to see his boys.  Over lunch they decided they wouldn’t tell the boys about the baby yet but Justin wanted to spend as much time with the boys as he could now.  He was sure Gus would be thrilled with a new baby but he had a feeling Aaron would be confused and may have some adjustment issues but whether they were here or back in Pittsburgh, they always had help.  Justin was already thinking about hiring another nanny.  If Nat wanted it they would be thrilled but Justin had an inkling that Nat wouldn’t be staying too long.  Once she was comfortable in her own skin he could see her go somewhere and start over.

“Up.” Aaron said and Justin reached down and picked him up.  “Dada!” Aaron puckered his lips and Justin did the same and they kissed. 

“I love you, Aaron.”

“Kiss.” Aaron said.

“You have the two most loveable children I have ever met and not just because they are now my sudonephews,” Brandy said.

“He’s your nephew.  Our family has never been about blood. It’s about heart and from what I saw when we got home he loves you already.  They both do.”

That touched Brandy.  Justin walked over with Aaron and hugged her.  “I don’t know why I am so shocked but when people are as kind as you and Brian…. I was used to rejection all my life. Well at least by people I loved.  May I?” she reached toward Aaron and he happily came to her.

“Well, I hope you consider us family that loves you. You two are welcome with us anytime. Have you ever been to Pittsburgh?”

“I haven’t.  Sal has.  In fact, I think she has some relatives up there.”

“We will expect you to come with Kevin at Christmas. We have plenty of room.  I am sometimes almost embarrassed at the size of the estate but we try to share it.”

“I have heard you talk.  It is obvious you two know what to do with your money.” Aaron was getting antsy in her arms. “Looks like this guy wants to go.”

“Oh, by the way, lunch was so amazing.  Thank you.”

“It is the least we could do since you have been so kind to us.” Brandy carried Aaron over to where Sally was working on dinner and Brian moved up behind him and slipped his arms around Justin’s shoulders.  

“How’s your headache?” he ran his lips along Justin’s neck.

“Thankfully, I think it was a false alarm or I just caught it in time.  It is almost completely gone.”

“Sunshine, the headache wasn’t just because you don’t want me to get the motorcycle, was it?”

Justin turned and kissed him, “I have to say it makes me nervous and we are going to set down some rules, like not riding when you are angry and never take the kids out on the road, but I know how much you enjoy the speed and freedom.  Please make it more about freedom than speed.  You are going to be the father of three very soon.  I need you, my love.”

“I promise, Sunshine.  You will always be my top priority.” Brian pulled him close and kissed him long and hard. Justin’s body melted into him.

“Alright, alright you two.  Enough is enough.  You have family here.” Kevin said with a smile in his voice.  “I am so glad my son is so in love and with someone as special as Justin.”

“Oh, Kevin,” Justin blushed a bit, “I don’t think I had a choice.  How could I not love him?”

The rest of the night the family enjoyed time together.  Brian told all of them about the motorcycle they saw and how amazing it was.

“Daddy, will you take me for a ride?” Gus said, getting off his chair and crawling onto Brian’s lap.

“I can take you on the drives on Britin and once we get a safe track made we will have a place to drive.”

“And we will need to get you a helmet, of course.”  Justin said.

“And a leather jacket.” Brian threw in. “Every motorcycle rider needs a leather jacket.”

Sally and Brandy insisted on putting the boys down for the night.  Brian went with them to help fill them in on where things were.”

Justin and Kevin sat in the living room drinking coffee.  “How is the headache?”

“I feel like I should say, Father, I have sinned.  I lied to Brian.  I didn’t have a headache but I didn’t want to go past the Harley Davidson dealership.”

“You don’t want him to get a motorcycle?” Kevin asked, reaching out and putting a hand on Justin’s shoulder.

“No,  well I am not thrilled about it but that isn’t why.  I already bought it for him.  I am going to stop by tomorrow for a couple upgrades I am having them add, and then it will be his.  Can you help me distract him?”

“I think you can be forgiven for that. I will do what I can to keep him busy.  We need to come up with some evening activities and I could stretch the  truth and tell Brian I stopped by and it had been sold.  That really isn’t a lie.  It has been sold.”

Justin leaned over and kissed his father in law. “That would be great!”  They heard the other three coming their way.  Soon all five of the adults were in the living room and Justin was talking about the lunch place.  Justin told them they would plan to come this fall so he could redo the mural for them.  They would check Gus’ school schedule and come when he was out for a week.

“Now that is good news. And if we go up to Pittsburgh for Christmas, we will get to see these kids, including the baby. When do you plan to tell the boys about their sister?” Sally asked as she snuggled up to Brandy in the loveseat.

“We thought it might be best to wait until we take her home. Not that Mary is going to change her mind but if something went wrong with delivery, we don’t want to have to face the questions.”

“You’re right.  Gus would be devastated.” Sally said and glanced at the clock.  “I hate to say it but we have an early morning so at 9:00 I turn into a pumpkin and those two small boys really tired me out.”

“But they are so worth the energy.” Brandy said standing up and, after pulling Sally up, she kissed her. “Come on, Sal.  That alarm is going to be going off in eight hours.”

Once the women had walked out, Kevin stood, too.  “I think I will take a cue from them and head home.  Are you two coming to the shelter tomorrow?”

“Yes, I am going to start painting.  Did you talk to the young man you said might help me?”

“I did and he is very excited. He will be available all day tomorrow.”

“That’s great! Once I get it started, maybe he will be able to take over and he will feel comfortable doing more around the building.” Justin smiled at Kevin.

“That is what I hope. If he is as talented as you said, I hope I can give him the confidence to continue doing more painting.”

Kevin hugged him, “Justin, you are a wonderful man.”

“I will second that.  What do you have for me to do tomorrow?”

“I have a couple Board members coming in to meet you and we hope that you can help us figure out other ways to keep this shelter in the black.”

“Sounds good, Dad.” Brian embraced his father and then they were alone for the first time since lunch.

Brian pulled Justin close. “Why don’t you go make some tea.  I hate to do it but I know Ted sent me something before he left work and I have to look at it before morning.  I promise 15 minutes, no longer.”

Justin pulled Brian’s head down to his and kissed him. His tongue probed deep into Brian’s and he drug the tip over Brian’s palate causing him to shiver.  “I understand, darling. Take your time and come to bed when you are done.”  

“Ten minutes.  I’ll….” he kissed Justin once more and rushed to the small office.


When Brian came into the bedroom fifteen minutes later, Justin was working on his lap top. “What are you looking at, Sunshine? Porn to get you in the mood?”

“Darlin’,” Justin purred as he shut the computer and set it beside the bed.  “No porn could compare to you.”

Brian smiled and basically flew into the bed as he hurled his body toward the bed.  He landed right next to Justin.

“You seem to have forgotten this will get in the way.” Justin pulled Brian’s shirt up and with a  little effort it was off. Then Justin’s focus went to Brian’s pants.  He rolled him onto his back and undid the fly. As he did so, Brian tugged at the sheet over Justin’s lower half and as soon as he realized he was completely naked, he pulled the sheet lower and he moved toward him.  He stopped his move just long enough to get his own pants off and then his mouth took Justin. Justin relaxed and let the sensation wash over him.  How had he gotten so fortunate? In some of the hours he was alone, being held by his father, he wondered why he was still alive, his life was so lonely.  Now, he would do it all over again to have the life he has.

Brian’s tongue began to tease the tip of Justin’s cock, playing with the opening found there.  It was only moments before Brian was feasting on the cum in his mouth.  He then moved lower and came up between Justin’s legs.  Justin moved one leg to the side and put the other on Brian’s shoulder as Brian moved up his body. Leaving a trail of kisses up his blond glory trail until his mouth arrived at Justin’s and as his tongue, still tasting of Justin, slipped into Justin’s mouth, he moved into Justin.  It wasn’t long before Justin began to move quickly and forcefully.  When he couldn’t wait any longer, he exploded and as he shuttered and Justin used muscles trying to get every drop out of him, he collapsed onto Justin.

After both of them calmed their senses a bit they went to shower off. As Brian ran the bar of soap over Justin’s back and said, “Do you think we will have time to go back to the motorcycle tomorrow?”

“I don’t know.  I am going to have the young man help me with the mural and you know Kevin has Board members for you to talk to.  I promise, I will talk to them and see if they can hold it for us.”

“Ok.  What were you doing on the computer when I walked in?”

“Ordering baby girl stuff,” he turned and took the soap from Brian and started on his chest. I figure Jessi can use the cradle for a few months and by then we can get a toddler bed for Aaron. I ordered some onesies and other clothes plus I let Em know, I ordered a case of diapers that will be delivered to Pittsburgh.  I also ordered some of it to come here.”

“My little boy scout, always prepared.”

“What did Ted need you to look at? Something with the baby?”

“Actually, yes. For now we are just adding an addendum to my will.  Eventually I will want to redo it all but this way the basics are covered.”

“And now who is prepared?” His hands slid down Justin’s wet back.

“Bri, as much as I would like to make love again, tomorrow will be a long day and we still need to do a few things around here in case the baby comes early. She will have clothes and diapers. She can use Aaron’s baby shampoo and we can get the formula once we know what the doctor suggests.”

“I have to admit, I can’t wait to meet her despite getting up every two hours.”

“We will work it out. Maybe we should hire another staff member.  If Nat wants to nanny for us she could or we can hire a nanny and Nat can continue running the kitchen and helping Ronni who will do everything.”

“Well, if she will be carrying a baby,” Brian and Justin stepped out of the shower and Brian continued, “she may need shorter days.  I agree we are going to need to hire another staff member.”

They both dried off and headed to bed.  “I’ll call Ronni and tell her about Jessi and have her talk to Nat and start hiring.  We will need to tell Em and James.  Tomorrow night we will do a skype call.”

The men got in bed and kissed. As Justin’s back pressed against Brian’s chest, Brian’s arm came over and rested on Justin’s heart. “Goodnight, Sunshine.”

“Goodnight, Brian.”


The next several days, Justin and Kevin kept Brian busy.  Justin managed to call the cycle shop and told them the few things he wanted added.  Brian and Justin had talked to both Ronni and James and Emmett, who were thrilled for them.  And they got into a routine. 

By the end of the week, Justin found out the motorcycle was ready.  He talked to Kevin and on Friday night Kevin would pick up the bike and they would surprise Brian with it.  Justin and Brian had taken the boys to the Aquarium for the afternoon.  Without Justin knowing anything about it, Sally and Brandy took the night off to make a large family dinner for them all to enjoy and then they all just waited for Brian, Justin, and the boys to arrive.


“Sunshine, you seem jittery.  Is there something wrong?” Brian asked as he drove them home.

“Ya, Daddy J, what is wrong?”  Gus asked.

“Nothing is wrong.  Did you have fun at the aquarium? What was your favorite part?” Justin asked which kept Gus talking the rest of the way home, although Aaron added the word fish from time to time. Justin texted Kevin letting him know they would be there in about three minutes and Kevin and his girls went to wait for the garage door to rise.

“Who are you texting?” Brian asked.  

“I was just checking if your dad was coming to dinner tonight.”

Brian turned into the drive, “Is he?”

“He didn’t respond yet.” 

Brian stopped in front of the garage and pressed the door open.  “Oh, Bri, just shut the car off. One of us will need to bring Kevin home.”  Justin stated and Brian put it in park and turned off the key. He smiled back at the boys and then looked forward.

The garage door was now open and for the first time he noticed it. “Holy shit, Sunshine!” he said softly.

“What is it, Daddy?” Gus asked as Brian got out of the car while Justin did too.  Sally and Brandi came forward to get the boys out of their carseats while Justin moved to Brian’s side and took his hand. 

“Sunshine, how did you do this? How did you….”  Brian kissed him quickly and then went to examine the bike more carefully.  He looked over every inch and as he got to his father he hugged him tightly.  “I take it, you drove it here,” Kevin nodded. He went back to looking.  He noticed something had been painted on the gas tank. He could see it was a heart but as he came closer he saw something inside the heart.  He bent down and saw J & B inside of it. He looked up and his eyes locked with Justin’s and they closed the gap between them. “How did you do all this without me knowing?”

“It was hard.  You notice everything.”

“Well you managed. It is so perfect. I love it!” Brian again took him in his arms and this time Brandy and Sally carried the boys into the house and Kevin pressed the button to close the garage door and followed the rest in the house.  They melted against each other. Their lips first brushed and then fused together. The kiss went on as they began to move their hands around exploring the bodies they knew so well.  When they began to separate, they both held each other’s forearm until they could stand individually. “I know you really didn’t want me to have this.”

“Brian, it isn’t that I didn’t want you to have it but I want you to be safe and remember. You promised not to drive it when you’re angry.”

“Why is that so important?”

“Because if you are angry, especially with me, you seem to forget how to think.  And if you leave because of a fight and then have an accident….I couldn’t live with it.”

“Oh, Sunshine, damn, I thought I couldn’t love you more and now you trust me and….well….” They kissed again.  

Before they realized anyone was near them Gus tapped Justin’s waist. “Daddy J, Daddy, Aunts say it is time to stop kissing and come eat.”

“We are on our way,” Brian said, lifting Gus up and setting him on the motorcycle.

“Will I get a ride?” Gus asked.

“Definitely when we go back home,” Brian lifted Gus off and holding him on his hip, he reached over and took Justin’s hand as they walked into the house.

The family sat down together and feasted on the girls’ dinner.  They made sure there were things the boys would like as well as some more complex dishes that the adults enjoyed.  They all put on suits and went out to the pool and swam for a bit but Aaron was the first to fall asleep with Gus soon behind.  

“I think he is dreaming of the dolphins he saw today.” Kevin said, kissing his grandson’s head. “His little body is making the slightest moves. LIttle boy dreams. Did you dream a lot as a boy, Brian?”

“I don’t really remember.” Brian said as he sat down next to Justin who had Aaron sleeping on his lap.  “No one cared if I woke up excited about swimming with dolphins or if I woke up scared being chased by sharks. I vaguely remember going to their room after a bad dream and getting immediately sent back to my room.”

Justin could see that Brian was thinking about his childhood so he changed the focus.  “Kevin, tell us about your childhood.  You were raised in Iowa right?”

“I was.  We worked hard on the farm but we were loved.  My grandparents lived in a house on the same farm so if Mom couldn’t kiss a booboo, Grandma could.” Kevin glanced over at Brian and, handing the sleeping Gus to the girls he walked over to where he and Justin were sitting. He bent and hugged his son.  With a voice full of emotion he said, “I am so sorry, son.  If only I would have come back.”  Brian stood and the two men hugged for a long time.  It was dark enough the rest couldn’t see their tears but everyone knew a few were shed. 

Aaron whimpered in his sleep.  “I think this little guy needs to get in his bed.” 

“We’ll come with you, Justin.  This one is ready too,” Sally said.

“Kevin, thanks for the help in the surprise. Bri, why don’t you drive your dad home and I will see you when you get back.” They kissed before Justin and the girls moved to the house.

“That young man loves you so much.”

“I know I am the luckiest man in the world.  No one would love me more and the feeling is mutual.”

“Brian, Justin is such a wonderful man because you two make each other great.” Brian pulled out onto the road. 

“Dad, tell me more about your childhood. I can’t imagine growing up on a farm.”

“Well, I had a couple brothers and the three of us got into plenty of trouble but we were just boys. We were expected to work hard but my parents made sure we had time to play hard, too. I am sure we horrified our mother when she would watch us swing on ropes in the haymow. And my favorite time was the spring when all the baby animals were born.  I slept out in the barn with a cow many times.”

“Did you ever go to the movies or hang out with friends?” Brian glanced at his dad.

“Brian, the nearest movie theater was over 30 miles away.  And the small town we went to school at was about 12 miles from our farm.  My brothers were my best friends.  Our farm was where we hung out.  We built a fort in our grove and sometimes we even slept out there.”

“I don’t know if I could have lived like that.”

“I didn’t know any other way of life but I am really glad that is where I was born.  My parents taught me what was really important in life.  If I had followed what I was taught, I wouldn’t have hurt Anna Claire so much but…”

“I wouldn’t be here,” Brian said softly.

“And now, I can’t imagine a life without knowing you and your family. My parents prepared me for this in life, too.  Not everything in life was always easy or perfect but what you do with the situation tells others what kind of person you really are.”

Brian pulled up in front of Kevin’s home and put the car in park.  “Dad, I have always tried to do that, even when my parents were assholes to me and the world.  Do you think I got that from you?”

“I would like to think so but remember, even though Joan somehow missed out,  Anna was one of the sweetest women I have ever met.  There has to be part of her in you also.” Brian had walked him to the door. “Brian, I am so proud of you.  You don’t have to prove yourself anymore.  You just need to be you and do what you know is right.  There is nothing that will stop you and Justin.” 

 

Chapter 4 by Simply written

Chapter 4


Time was moving so quickly.  It was near the end of July and the garage was filling with baby supplies. Emmett called with exciting news.  Ronni was given the all clear and they were actively working to have a baby.  Em also told Justin he was worried about Natalia.  The guests at Britin were leaving so there wouldn’t be anything to keep her occupied.

“What do you think if she would come down here and help us? We are going to have a baby any day.  I am sure we could use him.”

“Oh, Justin, I think that would be perfect.”

“Well, Em good luck on the pregnancy and I will talk to you soon.”  Justin didn’t even ask Brian before calling Natalia. “Hey, Nat, how are you doing?”

“I’m fine.  The hormones seem to be doing their thing but I am not quite so all over the place.”

“I have a favor to you if you can do it around your treatment.”

“I’m only taking daily pills right now,” Nat responded.

“Will you come down to Atlanta for a month and help us out with the new baby?”

“Seriously?” Justin heard an excited note in her voice.

“Can you leave today?”

“Can you get me a flight after 3:00 today?”

“I will send you flight information in the next half hour.”

“Justin, you don’t know how happy this makes me.”

“See you tonight, Nat.”

Brian came up behind Justin and his arms went around his shoulders, “Who were you talking to?”

“I know I should have cleared it with you first but Natalia is flying in today.  Britin is empty now and he needs a distraction.”

“You don’t need to convince me.  Once Jessi gets here, I can use another set of hands that can deal with all the cooking. I am thinking maybe Nat will decide to stay in Atlanta. I wouldn’t doubt Sal and Brandy could use a good baker.”

“I take it she is still keeping Tom away.” Brian said as his hand moved below Justin's waist.

“Damn, Brian, I don’t have time.  I have to get the flight info to Nat and then I will go to the hospital. What are you doing today?”

“I am hoping to take a ride on the Harley.  It is supposed to be cloudy so not so hot and it is not supposed to rain.  I checked around and found a place that will let me use their track.”

“I can’t say no.  Just be careful, love.  Check your phone when you stop.  Our daughter could be here in the next day or two.”  

“What about the boys?” Brian asked.

“I will drop them off at the daycare.  If for some reason I am not back or if both of us are at the hospital, Sal said she could pick them up.  They are closing early tonight so both of them are free.  We just need to leave the car seats here.”

“You have it all planned as usual.”

Justin looked at his phone.  “I think Mary is getting nervous. I better get moving.”

“You go to the hospital.  I will get the boys to daycare.  I will ride for a while but I will definitely keep an eye on my phone and if the baby is on the way, I will go to the hospital and let the girls know to pick up the boys.”

“Love you, Bri.” He quickly booked an Uber. “You will need the SUV to get the boys to daycare. If the baby is on its way we will have to get transportation figured out for Nat when she gets here but this all may be a false alarm.”

“Relax, Sunshine, we have family that will help if we need them.”

There was a horn beeping.  Justin kissed Brian and as he walked out the door he turned and said, “I love you, Brian, be careful.”

Brian drove the boys to daycare and then went back to the house and left on the Harley Davidson. He took it easy.  As much as he would love to fly through the traffic, he agreed with Justin.  He just had to remember it.  Once he got to the track he could open up a bit. Picturing his boys was all he needed to think about to be careful.  He arrived at the track and then opened it up. He hadn’t felt this kind of freedom in a long time. He loved the air moving around him but he kept thinking about how much Gus would love this.


The Uber dropped Justin off.  He went up to Mary’s room to find her very distraught.  “Mary, what’s the matter?”  He rushed to her bedside.

“Oh, thank god you are here. I just feel …..I don’t know if I am in labor.  They are coming in to check any minute but Conni …. I can’t get a hold of her.” 

Justin knew Conni was Mary’s girlfriend.  “Have you left her a message?”

“Ya, but….” 

“Mary, she will get here as soon as she gets your message and in the meantime I won’t leave your side.”

“Oh, thank you.  Looks like you are going to have a baby soon.  Are you ready?”

“I am.  We have a friend coming in today to help with the older two so we can focus on our daughter. What can I do for you?”

“Just be here.” Mary clung to his hand.

Fifteen minutes later Mary had been examined and she was told she was definitely starting to dilate but that could stop or take several days.  As long as she wasn’t having contractions, it could be days yet. Justin settled into the chair next to her.  He would stay until Conni got there for sure and if she was any closer he wouldn’t leave at all.  He messaged Brian just so he would know what was up and he touched base with Nat making sure everything had been set up for her and then he just waited. He talked with the young man who was working on the mural and helped him through an issue he thought he had.  “You have this.  You can finish that wall without me. I believe in you.” That was enough to give him confidence to continue. 

“Thanks, Justin.  You have taught me so much,” and the call ended.

Mary is so relieved when she finally gets a text from her partner.  Since she wasn’t in active labor, Conni decided to finish work and would be there about 4:00 pm and Justin agreed to stay with Mary until then. It was about noon when everything changed.  

“Justin, I think….I think my water just broke.” Mary sounded so calm it took a minute for Justin to realize what she said. He reached over and pressed the call button while Mary reached for his hand and squeezed tightly. “Ohhhhhh, I think that was a contraction.” As a nurse’s assistant walked in she could see from Mary’s face that she was in the middle of a contraction and she could see it was not a little one.  

“I will go get a nurse that can help you.” She rushed out and by the time the nurse walked in the contraction had passed. 

She checked her over again and when she was done she looked at Mary, “I need to get the doctor. I am sure this baby is on her way but if I am right, this baby …. I’ll be back with a doctor.”  She rushed out the door.

“Justin, I’m scared.  Where’s my phone? I need to call Conni!” Justin handed her the phone and at the same time pulled out his phone and texted Brian.

Justin called Brian’s number, expecting to leave a message but to his surprise, Brian answered.  “Hey, Sunshine.  Everything Ok?”

“Where are you?”

“I just finished up at the track and am heading home.”

“Do that and get the SUV.  Then get over here.  You should have plenty of time but it looks like we might have a baby today.”

“Really!” Brian’s voice got excited and just then Mary groped for Justin’s hand and cried out.”

“I have got to go, Bri, but come to the hospital as soon as you can. Love you!” and Justin hung up.

Brian put his helmet back on and got back on the Harley.  He waved at the guys that supervised the property and he waited for a spot to pull out.  He remembered the sound of Mary’s cry and when traffic cleared, he turned toward the hospital rather than the house.  It should be a quiet ride to the hospital.  It wasn’t rush hour and it was the middle of the summer. There was little traffic.  If it wasn’t so hot, this would be perfect.


An older doctor came in and examined Mary, “Well, young lady,” he said, “it looks like you and your husband are about to become parents.”

“He’s not my partner!” she cried out as another contraction ripped through her. 

“Oh, I’m sorry.  I am going to go get ready to deliver this baby and I will see you in delivery in a few minutes.”

Mary relaxed again and Justin looked at her.  “I will be right back.”  Before she could respond he was out the door.   “Excuse me, Doctor?”

“Yes?”

“Should we be worried? Is there something wrong?”

“Who are you in terms of my patient?”

“I will be the father of the baby she is carrying. My husband and I are adopting her baby.”

“It is nothing serious. She just progressed so quickly, this is going to happen soon.” They both heard her call for Justin. 

“Coming, Mary.”

“I will see you in the delivery as soon as I glance at her history and change.” He moved away while Justin rushed back to the room.


Brian had really enjoyed the ride and the closer he got to the hospital the more he thought about the reason he was going there. They were having a baby girl. Damn, could he love her already? Out of the corner of his eye he saw it but there was nothing he could do about it. He slammed on his breaks and ended up under the truck that had turned into his path.  The last thing Brian thought was, ‘Sunshine is going to kill me.’


The doctor wasn’t kidding when he said this was going to go fast.  By the time they made it into a delivery room, Mary was having contractions come almost constantly.  Justin kept glancing at the clock hoping Brian would make it. Just as the doctor told Mary to push, Conni rushed in and grabbed Mary’s other hand before kissing her. 

Justin thought about calling Brian to see where he was but the cry Mary let out he didn’t move.  Fifteen minutes later Justin was holding a squirming, perfect, little girl.  “Excuse me, daddy, I will have her back to you in about ten minutes,” a nurse said as she took the little girl.  

“Do you know if my husband has arrived?”

“I haven’t heard but I will have someone check for you.”


Brian laid there as they waited for the ambulance.  He looked at the police officer checking on him and said, “I need to get to the hospital.  I’m having a baby!”

“Your wife is in labor?” the policeman asked.

“Something like that. What did I damage and is my bike damaged badly?” He moved a bit and felt pain shoot up his leg. “Damn, my leg.”

“Yes, don’t move.  How is your head? Did you lose consciousness?”

“No, I don't think my head even hit the road.  Everything was slow motion.”  He heard the siren approach and then stop.  

“You OK alone for a minute? I will go tell the EMT about your baby.”  

By the time the gurney was next to him, his leg had really started to hurt. “Shit,” he shouted as they slinted it and then lifted him carefully. 

“Well, Dad, is this your first child?” the female asked as she put in an IV.

“No, third. I need to get there.  My husband is going to kill me.”

“Are you in pain anywhere other than your leg?”

“Ya, I just slid under a truck but no, I hurt but the leg is the only real injury.”

“Well the doctor will decide that but I don’t see anything else. The police officer said you never lost consciousness so that is a good thing.”  Brian felt the ambulance start to move.  

“My phone, is my phone here? I need to tell my husband where I am?”

“You were so close to the hospital, we are pulling in now. They won’t let you call but what is the mother’s name.  I will track him down and tell him before I leave the hospital.” As she said the last sentence she added morphine to his IV and he drifted off.


Justin couldn’t get through to Brian.  If he was driving the SUV, he would answer.  Justin tried not to go there but he thought of the motorcycle.  

“If you would like to come with me, I have a place for you to spend with your daughter.” 

“Any word on my husband?” Justin asked.

“No, I am afraid not.” She scanned a sensor and led him into a room. It was small but it was bright and colorful and, best of all, Jessica Anne was there. 

The nurse watched the young man walk over to the baby and picked her up. “You seem very comfortable with a baby.”

“This is our third.”

“How old are you?”

“24 almost.”

“Wow...I…” there was a knock on the door.  The nurse was puzzled when she saw an EMT.  “Can I help you?” She asked.

“I was directed this way. I am looking for Justin Taylor.”  He couldn’t make out what the EMT said to the nurse after that.

After hearing his name, Justin froze.  He held his daughter close and she nuzzled in.  The nurse walked over.  “I’ll take her.  She will be in the nursery with me.” The nurse walked out letting the EMT in so they had some privacy.

“Justin Taylor?”

“Yes, it’s Brian, isn’t it.  I haven’t been able to get him on his phone.  What happened? How bad is it? It was the motorcycle, wasn’t it.  I shouldn’t have gotten it for him.  I knew it was stupid. He just…”

“Slow down and take a breath.  Brian will be fine but he did have an accident.”

“Is he here? How badly is he hurt?”

“He was very fortunate. He was driving slowly when a truck pulled out right in front of him.  He is downstairs right now.  His leg is definitely damaged but that seems to be his only real injury.”

“His head, did he….”

“His head never even touched the road until he relaxed.  Would you like me to take you down to him?”

“Yes, please. I need to tell the nursery.” 

“I told her you would be going to emergency.”

Justin couldn’t move fast enough as they caught an elevator and went down to ground level. As they got off the elevator the EMT stated, “I have to get back to work but he should be in that bay. If he isn’t, ask the nurse over there. She pointed to a desk and then she joined her partner and they were gone.  

Justin pulled back the curtain just far enough to see it was Brian in the bed.  He rushed across the small area and flung himself into Brian’s arms.  Brian put his arms around him not feeling any pain right now.  “I’m so sorry, Sunshine.  I was being careful.” His mood was all over the place because of the medication he was on. 

“Baby, your leg, how bad is it?”

“Not sure.  The doctor is looking at the xray now. Jessi? Is she here?”

“Oh, she is and she is perfect. She was in a hurry to get here and Mary was a trouper.  At least Conni got here to be at her side.”

“I’m sorry, Justin.  I really was being careful. I….”

“Brian,” the doctor walked in. “Oh, you must be Justin.”

“How is he, doctor, what did the xray show?”

“It is just a clean break.  We will need to adjust it slightly and then we will cast it for a couple weeks and then hopefully, if it looks good, there will be a walking boot for about four to six weeks.  It is obvious you were very aware of your surroundings and driving cautiously or this could have been a very different outcome.”

The meds were obviously affecting Brian.  He started crying and looked at Justin, “I should have listened to you and gotten the SUV. I’m so sorry, Sunshine.” Brian reached for him and hugged him.

The doctor smiled a little.  “The drugs can do that.  It will take us a couple hours to get this set and casted.  I hear you have a new baby daughter upstairs.” Justin nodded. “Why don’t you go spend time with her and if you can come back down in about two hours, he should be ready to go.”

Justin kissed Brian but he was out of it now. “Thanks, doctor.  I will call his father to come get him.” 

As Justin walked away, Brian looked at the nurse who had been there through the whole conversation.  “Did he say my dad? He’s mad at me.  He won’t take me home.”  Brian dropped off to sleep again.” The nurse shook her head.  Those meds did crazy things to people.


Justin sat in a rocking chair. Jessi lay on his bare chest. He was staying here tonight to bond with their daughter.  He had texted Sal and Brandy to pick up the boys and that he would explain later.  Then he called Kevin.

“Hey, Justin, I was hoping to hear from you.  Did you have a nice day?”

“Oh, Kevin, I need you.  Your granddaughter is here and she is beautiful but Brian…”

“Something happened to Brian? Justin what happened?” Kevin’s voice held such concern for his son it touched Justin.

“Kevin, he will be fine. He had an accident on the cycle.  It was totally the other person’s fault but he has a broken leg.  I have no idea what happened to his bike. I am holding this precious baby and….”

“I will be there within a half hour.”

“Come up to delivery first.  Brian will be out of it for a bit anyway.  Kevin, thank you.”

“I am on my way.”

Justin had a short conversation with his mom earlier and now he sent one more text.  It was to Nat.  He said the baby was here and she should take Uber to their house and that there were a couple women there that knew to expect her.  He then leaned back in the recliner and, after reminding himself the boys were safe, he fell asleep.


“Justin, son…” Kevin gently touched Justin’s shoulder as he looked at his new granddaughter.

“Kevin!  Guess I fell asleep.”

“You’ve had quite a day.  May I?” He reached for Jessi and Justin lifted her off his chest and handed her to her grandfather. Kevin kissed her forehead. “Wow, she is so little and so beautiful.”

“Kev, do mind if I go find something to drink and check on Brian and then I will be back so you can take him home.”

“Take your time. This little lady and I need to get to know each other.” Justin walked out and saw Kevin sit down and start to talk softly to Jessi.

Justin used the restroom and got a soda and snack before going downstairs to find Brian.  He went back to the emergency and located Brian.  He was more alert than previously but it was obvious he was in some pain now, too. 

“Sunshine, I didn’t know if I would see you.  I was just wondering about getting home.”

Justin kissed him.  “I am so sorry this happened to you.  If I would have said no to the motorcycle this wouldn’t have happened to you. I don’t know what I would do if….”

“Oh, Sunshine, none of  this was your fault.  It’s all my fault. You told me to get the SUV. I just wanted to get here earlier and see our baby.”

“This isn’t the time to talk about all this but here, Justin showed Brian his phone.  “This is our beautiful daughter.”

“She is beautiful.  And everything is good?”

“Everything is perfect or will be once we are all home.”

“You aren’t going home tonight?” Brian asked.

“No, I need to stay here with Jessi.  I need to have her bond with me and tomorrow, when she comes home, you can spend the next two weeks bonding.”

“Oh, I love the sound of that.  I will call Brandy and….”

“Your dad is here with our daughter and he will drive you home in a few minutes.”

“I don’t know how you do everything but you always do.  I will never ride that bike again.  I will sell it as soon as I get it repaired.”

“Brian, we can talk about this later.  I just needed to see you once more and know you are alright.  I love you, Bri.” Justin held on to him and kissed him.  

“I love you, Sunshine.  You are the most amazing man I have ever met.”

“I will see you tomorrow.” And before either of them said anything else, Justin left.


Sally and Brandy had gotten the boys in bed before Brian and Kevin got back.  The surprise for the boys was when Nat arrived right before they went to bed.  She helped the girls get them in bed and promised Gus he would be here for a while and they could play tomorrow. Once Nat read a third story, Gus fell asleep.  

When Nat walked out, Sally placed a plate of food down on the table, “We figured you haven’t eaten dinner.”

“I actually haven’t eaten lunch either.  This smells great.”

“Bri says you are a trained chef?”

“I specialized in patisserie but of course did plenty of cooking, too.”

“Well, if you would ever want to move down here, we have a job waiting for you.”

“I am sure Justin and Brian told you to offer me a job.”

Brandy sat next to her and rested a hand on her shoulder, “I can’t say I know what you are going through but I have a good friend that has and she said moving was the best thing for her.  She got away from everyone who still called her him.  And leaving behind the high school girlfriend didn’t hurt either.”

“Well I really don’t know many people in Pittsburgh.  I have only lived there for about three months.”

Sally was sitting across from her and said, “But you can fall in love overnight.  I’m not going to lie to you.  We know about your priest friend. Do you really need the pressure of seeing him when you are going through all this transformation shit?”

“As nice as that might be, I don’t have any money.  In Pittsburgh I live at Brian and Justin’s and I help them out and Brian is paying for my medical treatment.  Even if I could work for you, where would I live?”

“Father Kev would help with that. Just know, Natalia, we understand and would love to have you.” Brandy said just as the front door opened and Brian, on crutches, came in the house followed by Kevin.  Nat greeted both of his old friends and helped Brian get comfortable in a recliner.

“Natalia, you are looking good.  And you are feeling better than you were?” Kevin asked as he gave her a hug.

“I am, thanks for asking.  Brian, what can I do for you?”

“I’ll have a bottle of whiskey and a blanket.” He growled.

“No, he won’t!” Kevin said quickly. “No alcohol.  He is on painkillers.  Nat, I will leave these with you.  He can have one at bedtime and then follow the dosage as stated tomorrow.”

“Shit, thanks a lot, Dad.”

“You are welcome, son.  If you would like me to stay the night I would be glad to.”

“We could stay in the main house,” Sally offered.

“Dad, if you want to stay, feel free.  You can stay in one of the rooms upstairs and Nat, you could stay in our room, that way if Gus wanders into our room someone will be there.  I think I will be most comfortable out here.”

They all went their own way.  Kevin decided to sleep on the sofa next to Brian.  Brian told him to go be comfortable in a bed but he said no, “If you need something I want to be close.”

“But Dad, you don’t need to.”

“Brian, when you were young I never had the chance to sit up with you if you were sick.  Let me do this.” Kevin leaned down and kissed Brian’s forehead and pulled the blanket up to his neck.  “I love you, son.”

“Love you, too,” Brian said as the pain pill had him falling asleep.


Justin didn’t sleep much.  If he wasn’t taking care of Jessi, he was thinking about Brian.  What if his accident had been worse.  If Brian had been distracted it could have been so much worse. That is why he hadn’t wanted him on the road.  Well, he wouldn’t be riding it now until they were back in Pittsburgh. He made a mental note to have the cycle shipped home.

Justin heard a light tap on the door and a nurse stepped in, “I have a feeling that little one will want this very soon.” She handed him a bottle. 

“Thank you.  She will be able to go home tomorrow, right?”

“I don’t know why she couldn’t.  All her tests have come back perfect and she is obviously drinking well.”

“Do you know how Mary is?

“She will be leaving in the morning.”

“That’s good. We will meet again at the lawyer’s office in a couple weeks.”

“I think this is one luchy little girl. It is obvious, she is already well loved.”

“She is.” Almost as if on cue, Jessi started fussing and Justin picked her up, offering her the bottle. She latched on and started to drink.

“I’ll leave you two alone unless you want me to feed her. You look like you could use some sleep.” The nurse smiled at the father and daughter.

“Thank you but I’ll keep her here.”

“I knew you’d say that.” She smiled and walked out.


“You’re not my daddies.” Gus said as he crawled up on the bed where Nat was sleeping.

“Hey, Gus,” Nat reached out and gave him a hug.

“Where are they?”

“Well, your daddy is in the family room with your grandpa.” 

“Why didn’t he sleep in here and where is Daddy J?”

“Your daddy had a small accident and he has a broken leg.”

“Does he have a cast? Does it hurt?”

“He does have a cast and how about we see if he is awake and he can tell you if he hurts or not.  Just remember to be gentle with your daddy for now.”

“Just like I was when Aaron was a baby?”

“Yes, exactly.  Walk in there softly.  You don’t want to wake him if he is sleeping.  Is Aaron awake?”  Gus nodded. “I’ll get him.  You go talk to your daddy and grandpa.”

Nat went and got Aaron.  By the time he changed the little guy and he put on a onesie he brought Aaron out to Brian and Kevin. Gus was already sitting on the arm of Brian’s chair and asking him all about the accident. Nat handed Aaron to Kevin and started some breakfast.

Kevin’s phone signaled and he looked at it. He then smiled at Brian.  “I think you have something to tell these two.”

“It’s a go?” Brian asked and Kevin nodded. “Gus,  well, Aaron, too but I don’t think you will comprehend what I am saying. Gus, you asked where Justin was.” 

Gus nodded. “He didn’t get a broken leg, did he?”

“No, Daddy J will be coming home later this morning and he has a very big surprise.”

“Daddy, stop teasing us!” Gus said, looking at Aaron for support.

“Well, a friend of your aunties needed a home for a baby so your daddy and I decided we had lots of love in our house so you have a new baby sister.”

“A baby sister? Really?”

“Yes, she will be home…”

“As soon as I can drive over there and pick them up.” Kevin said.

“Aaron, did you hear that? You’re not the baby anymore.  We have a sister.  Daddy, what is her name?”

“Her name is Jessica Anne and she has dark hair and darker skin.”

“Like Aunt Brandy?” Gus asked.

“Yes, much like her skin.  We are calling her Jessi.”

“I can’t wait, Daddy.  I want to hold her and kiss her.”

“Well, let me shower and grab a cup of coffee and then I will go get them.” He handed Aaron to Brian.

“Hurry, Grandpa!  I can’t wait!”  Gus was all energy now.  

“Gus, why don’t you come over here and help me make breakfast.  We want your grandpa to have something to eat.  Do you want to help me make him a breakfast sandwich he can eat in the car?”

“Oh, yes, that would be fun.” Gus rushed to the kitchen area.

“Brian, if you need me to take Aaron, we can put him in his chair. He is probably getting hungry anyway.” He filled a bottle with milk and handed it to Gus.  “Please take this to your dad.  This will keep Aaron happy for now.”

Gus handed the bottle to Aaron and he laid against his daddy to drink it.

Thirty minutes later, Kevin was on his way to the hospital, Brian had gone to the bathroom and was now sitting at the table with Nat and the boys.  “Nat, I know he is going to argue with you but please help me get Sunshine to go to sleep once he is home.  If he gets a headache now, and can’t get rid of it….”

“I’ll have his tea ready when he gets home, too.  I will do whatever you need me to do to help.

Brandy and Sally appeared like magic.  “We went into work really early and got a lot of stuff made so we could come back and help if we can.  And if you want your own time, we will leave as soon as we meet our new niece.”

“I have told you before, you are always welcome,” Brian said.  “If you wouldn’t mind, I’d like to go meet them on the front porch.  Can you just stay in here until we walk in?”

“Of course, Brian.  Can you manage to get out there alone?”

“Ya, I can manage that.  It shouldn’t be longer than like ten minutes but Justin and I barely saw each other yesterday and now….well we have another child now.” 

Sally walked over and helped him up and kissed his cheek, “Take your time.  We got these two.”


Brian sat on the front porch and when Kevin’s car pulled up he got to his feet and moved, with the crutches, out to meet them.  Brian opened Justin’s car door and noticed how tired he was. Balancing himself on the roof of the car the two men kissed. “I missed you.  Did you get any sleep?”

“I had a few catnaps.”

Brian turned now and looked at his daughter for the first time.  He shut the door. Justin got out and Justin walked around and picked up their daughter. Kevin and Brian’s eyes met and Kevin nodded.  He grabbed a couple things the hospital had given them and walked into the house.

“Justin, can we sit on the bench for just a couple minutes.”

“Sure. How are the boys?”

“They are so excited to meet their sister.” Brian shifted and after sitting down he set the crutches to the side.  And that’s when Justin handed their daughter to him. “I had almost forgotten how light they are at this age.”

“She’s over seven pounds.  And the way she ate last night, she will grow fast.”

Brian held her close and kissed her cheeks and forehead.  “Sunshine,” Brian said as he was looking at Jessi’s fingers and toes, “are we good? I am so sorry I didn’t listen to you.  If I had just gone home and switched to the SUV….”

Justin reached over and turned Brian’s face to look at him, “I was just so scared.  You did nothing wrong.  You thought everything through.  If you had driven the SUV that same truck could have hit you.  I was overwhelmed with Jessi excited to arrive and then to hear you were hurt. My first thought was, what if I never get to kiss those lips again.” Justin put his hand around Brian’s neck and they kissed.  The heat between them grew and as their tongues played tag and danced for several minutes, they finally separated when their daughter began to make little noises.  

“Is someone hungry?” Brian smiled down at Jessi Anne.

“I do believe she is and if I am not mistaken there are bodies right on the other side of that door.” Justin took her and waited for Brian to get up on his crutches. Together they entered the house where everyone was waiting.  

Justin wasn’t sure who took Jessi first but he went to make her bottle for her and Brian followed.  Once the bottle was ready everyone sat in the family room getting to know the new family member. Both boys crawled on Justin’s lap, hugging and kissing him and then Gus looked up at him.  Daddy J. I love her already.  Can I hold Jessi?”

“Sure, honey.  Why don’t you get on Daddy’s lap and I will bring her to you.”

Gus carefully got on Brian’s lap and Justin laid Jessi in Gus’ lap.  He remembered how to be careful of the baby’s head and Jessi rested in the crook of his arm.  Aaron didn’t want to miss out and rather than letting him crawl up there, Justin lifted him up and set him carefully on the arm of the chair and Brian put his arm around Aaron’s back to make sure he was secure.  

Everyone snapped a picture of Brian and his kids and then Sally took Justin’s phone, “Go stand behind the chair.”

Justin went behind the chair and had one hand on Gus and one on Aaron.  He rested his head just above the back of the chair. More pictures were taken but then Aaron was done.  Jessi started fussing and the moment was over.  Sally and Brandy offered to take the boys in the pool and Justin and Brian went to their room with Jessi and once Brian stretched out on the bed, he took off his shirt and Justin laid Jessi on his chest. Justin moved around and got in bed next to them. 

“Sunshine,” Brian pulled him closer and Justin laid his head on Brian’s shoulder. “I will never do anything that I think will put this life in danger.  This life is too perfect to leave it even one second quicker than I have to.”

 

Justin stretched and kissed Jessi and then Brian.  “My life needs nothing else.  Our family is complete.” Justin laid back down on Brian’s shoulder and fell asleep.


Chapter 5 by Simply written

Chapter 5


Nat walked out in a two piece swimsuit carrying Aaron and holding onto Gus’ hand.  Sally and Brandy were waiting for them.  And the fun began.  As they played with the boys, Sally and Brandy answered questions Nat had about all the things he was experiencing. 

“Nat,” Brandy asked, “Did I hear Justin say you’ve done some drag?”

“I did a long time ago.  I thought I might once I got to Pittsburgh but first it was Uncle Em’s wedding and then I got into the relationship I shouldn’t have.  Now, well, I seem to have lost my interest in it.”

“I think you would make a gorgeous drag queen!” Sally said as she pulled Aaron through the water.

“What’s a drag queen? Will Aunt Nate wear a crown?”

“Well, it’s not that kind of queen although some of them do wear crowns.”

“Remember the pretty dresses you saw in my closet?”  Gus nodded. “They use the word queen just because they are fancy dresses, like a queen would wear,” Nat said.

“That’s as good an answer as any.” Sally said.  “I think you should do a drag show for us.  I am sure I could find something that would fit you.”

“We’ll see.  I am going to be busy helping with the boys and cooking and now with Brian in a cast…”

“Just think about it.” 

“I will.  It would be fun.”

“Could I see, too?” Gus asked.

“Of course you can.” Nat said as she tossed Gus in the air toward Brandy who scooped him up as he giggled. 

“That was fun!” Gus shouted.


Brian texted Kevin. ‘Dad, come to our room. Be quiet.’ Kevin quietly came into their room.  Brian gently lifted a waking Jessi to Kevin. Justin was sound asleep and Brian couldn’t get up with the baby and the crutches.  He managed to get up silently and the two men walked out of the room, closing the door softly.

“Thanks, I wanted to let him sleep.” Brian sagged a bit.  “Dad, I really screwed up.  Now I can’t even help with the baby.”

“You didn’t do anything except drive defensively and only broke your leg instead of your entire body.”

“Thanks, Dad.”

“I hope I didn’t overstep.”

“Overstep what, Dad?”

“I called Jenn and she is flying in tomorrow morning.”

“Oh, Dad, that is perfect.” Brian poured formula into a bottle. “Would you like to feed her?”

“I would love to.  I don’t know if I have ever held a baby less than a day old let alone feed on.” Kevin sat down in the rocker and Jessi started drinking.

It was about an hour later Justin walked into the family room. “Why’d you let me sleep? Jessi needs a bottle! I…”

“Come here, Sunshine.” Brian patted the sofa next to him. “I remember how to feed a baby.  It wasn’t that long ago Aaron was on formula.  Dad fed her and she has been sleeping in his arms ever since.” Justin walked over and sat down, kissing Brian lightly.

“How’s the leg?”

“Not too bad.  It would be better if someone would let me have a little whiskey.”

“Thanks, Kevin.” Justin smiled over at Kevin holding their daughter.  “She is gorgeous, isn’t she?”

Kevin looked down at the dark curly hair, “She really is. Justin, before I forget to tell you, I called your mom. She is flying in tomorrow morning.”

“My mom is coming?”

“I hope you don’t mind.”

Justin stood and kissed Kevin as he lifted their daughter off Kevin’s chest.  “She’s a bit soggy I think.  And my mom coming is great.” Justin started walking away.

And Brian said, “Since I can’t help with anything.”

Kevin threw a pillow and nailed Brian in the face. “Time to stop feeling sorry for yourself and if you can’t do anything else, you can at least support everyone.”

“I know, you’re right.  I just feel like I am missing out on so many things since I can’t help.”

“Well, Jenn coming will be one more set of hands since me and the girls have to go back to work tomorrow.  Jenn is coming in early so I will pick her up before I go to work.”

“Dad, you have done so much already.”

“Son, you have to let me do this.  I need to do this.”

“Ok, Ok, I get it. Thank you. Now I guess I should try to find out where my Harley ended up.”

Soon the boys were back inside and after changing from their suits, Nat put Aaron down for a nap and Gus crawled on his grandpa’s lap for a story and a snuggle. It was only a few minutes before Gus was sound asleep wrapped in Kevin’s arms.

Jessica was asleep in the little cradle so Justin curled up next to Brian and soon everyone was dozing.

By the time everyone woke from their naps, the girls had left for work. Nat had started dinner for everyone. After he put it in the oven he took Gus out for some one on one time while Aaron played trucks with his grandpa. Once dinner was finished, Nat took baby duty so Brian and Justin could spend time with Aaron and Gus.

By the time the kids went to bed, Kevin said goodbye, assuring them he would deliver Jennifer about 10:00 in the morning. Jessi was in the cradle nearby, while Justin leaned against the arm of the sofa while Brian put his broken leg up and sat between Justin’s legs. 

“I’ll leave you two alone,” Nat said, moving toward the spare room.

“Nat, why don’t you come talk with us for a while. It’s been a while,” Justin commented.

“Are you sure? I mean you haven’t had any time alone all day.”

“It’s not like we can do anything.” Brian grumbled. 

Justin’s hand grazed Brian’s crotch and Brian shivered but then wrapped his arms around Brian and kissed his neck.  Brian relaxed against him and Nat sat down in the chair, crossing his legs.

“So have you seen Tom, recently?” Brian asked bluntly.

“Brian, that really isn’t any of our business.”

“Hell it isn’t.  We are talking about two of our friends. So?”

“Truth? I miss him every day. I love him, which is why I had to let him go.  He could lose his job and he is so good at it.  It didn’t go the way it was supposed to so I had to let him go.”

“Natalia, did you ask him if he wants you to do that?”

“Justin, neither of us were supposed to let our hearts get involved. He knows where to find me if he wants me.” Nat put her feet up on the chair and wrapped her arms around her legs. “But I can’t ruin his life.”

“Nat, if he is smart….” Brian started to say but Justin stopped him.

“Are you thinking about staying down here?” Justin had heard the girls offered him a job. “It might be easier if you were 700 miles apart.”

“I am thinking about it.  I know I have to go back because I have some things scheduled up there this fall but maybe once those are over and I transition fully, I will start over.  It is nice to know I have a place to do that.”

“So what do you have planned this fall?” Brian asked. “Are you talking medical stuff?”

“Well, there is some of that but while you have been down here I finally got to redoing my gowns. I signed up to do a couple drag shows.”

“Good for you!” Justin smiled at him. “You are going to be so good and I’m glad we’ll be back by then. You know… Brian, I know we haven’t even talked about this…. I have been thinking, Nat, would you be willing to drive our SUV back to Pittsburgh with the motorcycle.  You can take your time or you can drive it in a day. But with the new baby and with Brian’s injury, it just makes more sense for us to fly home.”

“Of course you are planning ahead,” Brian said almost snidely but then turned and kissed Justin’s cheek.

“That would probably be the best thing. Or we will hire a driver and you can fly with us.”

“I can do that.  It might be kind of fun.  I have never driven through the mountains.”

“Since you have this all figured out, have you set a date for us to fly back,” Brian said with a smile.

“As soon as you get that cast off. If all goes well I figure we will leave the day after that if you aren’t hurting too badly.  I’m hoping mom can stay that long so the numbers will be one on one.”

“Well, now that we have all that planned, I am going to go call Uncle Em.  I need to tell him how beautiful your daughter is and see if his mother in law is pregnant yet.”

“Now why does that sound so wrong?” Brian laughed.

“Justin, if you need me to take a shift tonight just wake me up.  I don’t always sleep that great anyway.  These hormones have stopped giving me such mood swings but hot flashes,....” Nat came over and gave them both a kiss.  “Thanks for asking me to come down.  I needed this.” As he started to leave Jessi woke and he picked her up, kissed her and placed her on Brian’s chest before heading toward his room.

“Let me take her. I can feed her and…” Justin slipped out from behind Brian and took Jessi.

Brian repositioned himself.  “Why don’t you hand me our daughter and give me a diaper. I’ll change her while you get her bottle.” Justin handed the baby to Brian and stopped for a kiss before going to get the bottle.

Once Jessi was dry and fed, Justin carried her to the bedroom while Brian followed on his crutches. She was laid in her bed and Justin smiled at Brian.  “Come on, babe, time to wash you up.”

Brian sniffed under his arm, “Damn, why didn’t you tell me I stunk.” 

“I happen to love the way you smell because it is how you smell after we have made love for hours. Justin slowly pulled Brian’s shirt off as he balanced himself against the bathroom vanity. Justin gently bit his chin and then slowly drug his tongue lower.

“Damn, Sunshine, there is no way we can have sex with this huge cast.”

“I think we could figure something out, but I am really too exhausted to get creative tonight.” He soaped up  a washcloth and slowly ran it over Brian’s shoulders and down his chest.  He moved the cloth under his arms and ran his fingertips on the inside of his arm tickling him just a bit. 

“Fuck,” Brian moaned as he wrapped his arms around Justin and pulled him close. He slowly brought his mouth down and claimed Justin’s.  “I love you, Justin.  Thank you. Thank you for everything. Without you…”

“Shut up, Brian…” Justin quickly rinsed the soap off of Brian and together they walked back to the bedroom and after helping get Brian’s shorts off and settled into bed he turned and said, “I will be back in five.  I am going to get a quick shower before someone wakes up.”


By the time Justin came back to bed, Brian was sleeping soundly. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the beautiful man in his bed. He gently brushed the hair off his forehead. He looked down the length of his body and when he got to the cast, he took a deep breath. Images of Brian on the motorcycle and then the truck brought tears to his eyes. What would he have done if…”

“Sunshine,” Brian’s groggy voice snapped him out of it, “come here. I need to feel you next to me.” 

Justin lay down next to him and Brian’s arms pulled him close.  “What were you thinking about?”

“How much I love you and how close we came to losing you because of some asshole truck driver.”

“I am here and I am not going anywhere,” he mumbled as he kissed his temple and fell asleep.


“GRANDMA!” Gus ran into Jenn’s arm as Kevin dropped her off.  

“Gam, Gam…” Aaron said as he ran after his brother and to his grandma.”

“Look at you two!  I swear you have both grown so much and look at this little guy walking. She picked Aaron up after giving Gus a big hug and kiss.  She walked into the house holding Gus’ hand as he led her to Justin and Brian in the family room. Kevin dropped off her luggage and slipped right out so he could get back to work.

“Grandma, do you want to see my new sister?”

“Oh, Gus, I would love to see her.” 

Justin walked up to his mom and kissed her, “Mom, I would like you to meet your granddaughter, Jessica Anne.”

Jenn reached out and took the little girl in her arms.  Jessi’s dark brown eyes looked up into her grandmothers.  Her light mocha skin had a rosy undertone and her curly black hair framed her round face. Jenn couldn’t stop the tears.  “She is just perfect.” She lifted the baby up and kissed both her cheeks. “I am so glad you asked me to come. Oh, Brian, how are you? I hear you had a close call.”  She walked to where he sat with his leg up and hugged him best she could with the baby in one arm.

“I am fine, which is more than I can say for my bike.” Brian kissed her cheek, “Thanks for coming to help out.”

“I couldn’t stay away.  I have missed the boys so much and now knowing this one was here…” she snuggled the little girl closer, “I had to come.”

“Where’s Molly?”

She was scheduled to go to cheerleader camp for one week and the second week she will be home but has activities and Tucker will be there. 

Brian got up on his crutches.  “I have a little work to do and obviously the three of you can take care of the three kids.”

“Well, I hate to do this, Mom, since you just walked in but I need to go run to the gallery.  The charity event is this weekend and I have to make sure everything is set up.  Tomorrow night Brian and I will go to the event.  I can’t bring a 5 day old baby to the event.  I hope you will be willing to stay home with Jessi.  The boys are coming for maybe an hour and then Nat and Kevin will take them home.” Justin looked at his mom and said, “Originally we were going to make it a romantic night at a hotel but now…”

“Do it, son.  I think the two of you could use that. There isn’t going to be a good time to say this so here it goes.  I got a call this week that your father is up for parole and he is likely to have it granted.  He has been there for over a year which is longer than we thought he would stay.”

“Yes, how is Molly taking that?” Justin asked.

“Justin, your sister is fine.  How are you?”

Jenn watched Justin shut down, “I don’t know, Mom.  If Brian wants to stay at the hotel do you mind?”

“No, that would be perfectly fine. Nate, I can handle one little one and when he brings the other two he will be around to help.”

Justin wandered toward the office without saying a word. Brian walked into the office without knocking.  “Hey, Sunshine, I promise I won’t be long.” Justin walked up behind Brian and wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck from behind.  He wished he could curl up on his lap but with the cast he couldn’t do that.  “Justin, what’s wrong?”

“I hope nothing. Mom said we should stay at the hotel tomorrow night.”

“I love your mother. Not that we can do a whole lot.”

“We can sleep without being woken up by one of three children all night. And if you are a good boy, you might get a blowjob and rimmed.”

“God, I love it when you talk dirty.” He turned and Justin kissed him. “What’s wrong, Sunshine? I can hear it in your voice.”

“Mom just told me Dad is probably going to get out of prison.  He is up for parole and there is no reason they won’t let him out.”

“He never deserves to get out!” Brian cursed.  Justin knew if he hadn’t had that cast he would be up on his feet.

“Bri, all I asked was that he be in as long as he held me and this is close.”

“I just want 10 minutes with him after I get this cast off.”

“Babe, I don’t need you to be arrested. We have three kids.” 

Brian took his hand and led Justin around so he was in front of his chair, “Come here,” Brian pulled him closer.

“I can’t sit on your lap. I will hurt your leg.”

“We can manage.” Brian guided Justin’s legs up on the arms of the chair so no weight rested on Brian’s leg. “See, I told you.” Brian pulled Justin so he rested against his chest. Brian spoke softly, “You know I will never let him near you again.  He doesn’t deserve one minute of your thought.”

“But, I think I might want to see him and if Molly does I want to be there for her.  He isn’t going near Aaron but Molly needs to make her own decision and  you know I will do whatever she asks of me.” Justin laid his head on Brian’s shoulder and as Brian stroked his back, Justin began to relax against him.  Brian turned his head and Justin’s mouth found his.  They sat there for several minutes, their lips seeking the others. Justin finally said, “Damn, I have to go.  If I stay, I’ll just explode and I don’t have time to clean up.” He stood up.  “Thank you, Bri.”

“For what?”

“For being here.  What would I have done if….”

“There was no if. Let me sell the Harley.  If it is going to scare you every time…”

“No, I know how much you like it.  I bought it for you because I love you. As much as it scares me I know you did nothing and you deserve an outlet you enjoy.”

Brian grabbed Justin’s shirt and pulled him close for one more kiss, “I love you, Sunshine.”

“I get your work done.  The boys would …”

“Right now I am nothing but chopped liver.  Grandma is here.  Grandpa will be here later.  Natalia’s around.”

Justin walked toward the door, “But none of them are their daddy.”

“I’ll be out in about an hour.”

“Remember I will be headed to the gallery later. Want to come with me?”

“I think I will wait.  I love your work and I guess I want it to surprise me with all the glitz and glamour.”

Justin walked out and let Brian get to work.

When Justin left for the gallery, Brian was in the recliner with Jessi on his chest and Jenn had the boys sitting on the sofa looking at books. Justin roamed slowly through his exhibit, checking every detail, and then he looked at the other work that was throughout the building. He found a landscape that he found stunning and sat on a bench in front of it.  It was so inviting.  Justin’s mind wandered and he followed the little trail in the painting.  He went past the tree line and…

“Excuse me, Mr. Taylor?” The director of the gallery tapped Justin’s shoulder. She was a young woman of about 30 and he could appreciate Justin Taylor in so many ways.  He was an amazing young artist and she could look at those blue eyes all day.

Justin jumped, coming out of a deep sleep. “Oh, I am embarrassed!  I sat down to look at this stunning meadow and….”

“Mr. Taylor,” the director sat down next to him, ‘it is obvious you were exhausted and I have to admit, besides your work, this is my favorite in the building right now.”

“You don’t have to say that.  Whoever painted this is extremely talented. Do they have any more work here?”

“No, this is just on loan.  The artist is very nervous and doesn’t like the public.  She has had many offers on her work but she won’t sell anything.”

“Oh that is really too bad.  Everyone should see this work. This is museum quality.”

“I couldn’t agree more but if I even mention it she will remove this from us and it will be months before she will share again.  Now, what has gotten you so tired? Have you been painting all night? Do you have more to add?”

Justin laughed and groaned at the same time. “The only thing I have painted in over a month is a mural unless you finger painting.”

“Finger painting?”

“My five year old loves to paint.”

“You have a five year old? You are too young.”

“Well, he is actually my husband's son but we also have a one year old and we adopted another one last week.”

“Didn’t I hear your husband broke his leg?”

“Yes, the day our daughter was born.”

“No wonder you needed a nap.”

“It’s not like I am doing it myself. My mom arrived today and we have a lot of people helping out with the kids and food.”

“Well, your exhibit looks amazing and you’ll be here tomorrow night, right?”

“Yes, Brian and I will be here at 7:00.  Our boys will be here for a little while but by 8:00 they will have to go home to bed. Speaking of going home, I need to get out of here. I was only going to be gone an hour and it has been, shit!, close to three.” Justin didn’t even check his phone before rushing out.

Before Justin got home his phone rang. “Hello?”

“Where the hell are you? You said you were going to be home hours ago.”

“I’m on my way home.  I will be there in a few minutes and I will explain then.”

Brian was sitting on the front porch when Justin arrived. “Where the hell were you? I have called and texted and you didn’t answer. You were supposed to be home well over an hour ago.”

“Well, Dad, I got sidetracked. Am I grounded now?” Justin sniped back. He looked at Brian’s face and saw his disdain at the mention of his father.  Justin dropped onto the bench next to Brian, some of the tension leaving him. He kissed Brian’s cheek and then turned his face toward him and kissed his lips. “I am sorry I said that. I was so embarrassed.  I fell asleep looking at the most fascinating painting I have ever seen.”

Brian put an arm around Justin’s shoulders and pulled him close, “How fascinating could it be if you fell asleep?”

“It was so peaceful and the gallery was quiet and I sat down to look at all the detail and the next thing I knew the director was waking me up.”

“You are too tired.  You have too much to do.”

“I’m fine, Brian.  Mom is here to help and we will be heading back home in ten days. I have loved being here and spending time with Kev and his girls but I have missed our place. I have missed our bed and our toys.”

Brian’s hand went into Justin’s lap and slowly unzipped Justin’s pants, letting his fingers graze the white, cotton briefs. Justin audibly sighed. “I need to go in and help mom with the kids.”

“I know I’m useless in every way possible right now.” 

“Well, tomorrow night, after the fund raiser, you and me, Mr. Kinney, are going to stay overnight at the hotel next door in the penthouse suite.”

“Why, what’s the use? I can’t do anything.”

“Well, I don’t believe that.  I am sure we can manage something and if nothing else, we can get a good night's sleep.”

Justin zipped his pants, stood, and then helped Brian up.  Brian pulled him into his arms, “I’m sorry I snapped.” They kissed.

“I’m the one who should be sorry.  I called you Dad. I guess he…”

“He’s on your mind. Let’s get out of this heat.” Brian followed Justin into the house.  

The rest of the day was as calm as a day could be with three kids under six.  With 4 adults they had things well under control. Once the boys were in bed, Nat went to the diner just for fun.  He thought he might be able to try a few new recipes he had wanted to try and Sal and Brandy said they could sell anything.

“Mom,” Justin said as he passed a glass of wine to her, “what do you know about Dad getting out.” He sat down next to Brian who was holding Jessi. He wrapped his arm around Justin’s shoulders with his free arm and Justin leaned against him bending to kiss his daughter’s head.

“We don’t know anything right now except that he will be paroled.  And he will more than likely be out by the end of summer.”

“And Molly knows this?”

“She does but she won’t talk to me about it.  He has sent her some letters and even tried calling her but she wasn’t home.  She is very confused.  I think you are the only one she’ll talk to or listen to.”

“Well, she can come for a few days after we get home before school starts.”

“That would be great and she will want to meet her new niece.” Jenn smiled over at Justin as he lifted a now fussing Jessi off Brian.  

“I think she is ready for her last bottle of the night,” Justin said but before he could get up, Jenn stood.  “I am going to take this little one and get her bottle and she is sleeping in my room.  You two deserve a quiet night, no kids attached.” Jenn kissed Brian and Justin and then took Jessi and let each of them kiss her before getting a bottle and walking to her room.  

“Well,” Brian pulled Justin across his lap and kissed him.  Justin’s arms went around his neck and soon Brian was pulling at Justin’s shirt. Brian’s voice was low and husky with need. “Let’s go to our room. We have to be able to figure something out.”

“I think I know exactly what will work.” As Justin said it, he yawned and stood up.

“Oh, Sunshine, you are so worn out.  All I do is sit around but you are SO tired.” Justin offered his hand and helped him balance on his crutches.

“Trust me, I may not have a lot of energy but I need you inside me. So move your ass, so you can get there.” Brian reached out and grabbed Justin’s ass and Justin had to catch him before he lost his balance. “You better walk ahead of me.  That way I can watch your gorgeous ass.”

Brian moved quickly and Justin was right behind him. Brian dropped onto the bed and propped the crutches against the night stand. Justin moved near him and dropped to his knees.  He unzipped Brian’s fly and pushed him backward.  He tugged the shorts until it was free from Brian’s butt and then he fought with them until he got them off over the cast. Justin slid his hands up Brian’s bare legs and then he drug his tongue just above Brian’s cast and then moved closer to his junk.  Brian’s dick began to respond as Justin’s tongue started at the base and moved to the tip.  Brian sat up enough to pull his t-shirt off and then reached down and got the bottom of Justin’s shirt and pulled it off.  

When Justin could tell Brian was fighting for control he stood and dropped his own pants. “Move your ass onto that bed,” Justin said to Brian with a wink. Justin lifted the cast off the floor as Brian moved back onto the bed.  Once Brian was in a comfortable position, Justin got in bed next to him. 

“Sunshine, I can see how tired you are.  Come here and let me hold you.”

“Oh, no, you are not going to get by that easily. I told you I needed to feel you inside me.” He turned his back to Brian and as Justin moved backward, Brian guided his erection to Justin’s asshole and Justin slid backward until he held all of Brian’s manhood.  Brian’s arms came around him and pulled him back tightly against his chest. One of Brian’s hand moved down below Justin’s waist and began to stroke him with feather light touches causing Justin to shiver and clamp tighter around Brian’s cock.  It wasn’t long before repeating this pattern that both men began to tremble and as Justin lost control, he clamped around Brian who followed suit.

“Damn, Sunshine, I love you.” And as Brian kissed the curve of Justin’s neck he heard Justin’s breath turn to the heavy breathing of sleep. “Sweet Dreams.” Brian said softly and pulling him closer he joined him in slumber.


Justin was up early.  He checked on the boys and found them asleep so he went next door and peeked in on his mom and Jessi. The room was empty and then he heard a soft noise coming from down the hall. Justin walked to the kitchen and found his daughter and his mother in the recliner. Jenn was talking softly as she drained her bottle.  Justin kissed his mom and then his daughter. “How was the night? Did she let you sleep?”

“Sweetheart, she is such a good baby and she is so adorable.” 

“If you want to go get some sleep, I can take back my duties.”

“Honey, I’m fine.  Did you get some sleep? You looked really tired last night but I have to say you look refreshed this morning.”

“I fell asleep in the arms of the only man I could love.  And I know he loves me.  Mom, my life ….. It was so perfect and now Dad is going to be out and who knows what he will do and to be honest, I don’t know how I will feel about it.”

“Well, Justin, you have the world at your feet and he will be trying to find a little corner where he can survive. I really don’t think you will have to worry but can I give you a little advice?”

“Of course,” he picked up Jessi and started changing her on the sofa.

“I don’t even think your father would stoop so low, but don’t let him con you into giving him money or supporting him.”

“Even Dad wouldn’t pull that shit would he? Don’t worry, Brian and I are smarter than that.”

“I know you are, Justin, but your father …. I know your heart and I know your father.” Jenn stood and kissed Justin.  “I’ll make breakfast.”

“Mom, Nat will be down in a few minutes and she…”

“I can make breakfast.  She will be busy enough with the boys today.  When will you be leaving for the gallery?  Brian and I will go about 5:00 for interviews.  Kevin will be there promoting the shelter, giving interviews.  Nat will bring the boys for a few minutes because you know family is always a good thing to show.  Plus it will show that our gay family is the same as any other families.”

“Except we fuck a lot more,” Brian said as he hobbled in. “Good morning, Sunshine,” he kissed him with enough passion Jenn blushed as she beat the eggs. 

“Sit down, Bri, and you can hold our daughter so I can help Mom.” As he handed Jessi Anne to him, Justin leaned over and gave him another kiss and walked into the kitchen.  

Within minutes the house seemed to come alive. Gus came running in and said, “Aaron’s awake, Daddy J.  He wants out of his bed.” Justin picked Gus up and kissed him and then, after setting him back down, he went and took care of Aaron. Nat arrived from upstairs and the day was full of activity.  Before they knew it Brian and Justin changed for the evening and Kevin picked them up to take them to the event.

“Why am I so nervous? You would think I had never done an interview before.”

“Well, you did say this was the biggest fundraiser you have ever had.”

“I am so hoping to expand.  Then I could hire another staff member.  I’m not getting any younger and although I still have plenty of energy, I am getting to the age I’d rather use some of the energy for fun.”

“Well, then, I think we need to really sell this,” Brian said. 

“And if anyone knows how to sell something, it is your son,” Justin said. 

Once they were at the exhibit, Brian and Justin were immediately pulled into an interview.  Kevin joined them for some of them but everyone seemed to want a shot of Justin and Brian and once the boys arrived with Natalia even more attention was focused on them. Finally it was time for Kevin to speak to all the attendees.

Kevin walked up to the microphone and cleared his throat to get their attention. It wasn’t until Aaron toddled over to his grandpa and Kevin scooped him up that he got everyone’s attention. “I want to thank all of you for being here tonight. Because you are here you are supporting the wellbeing of so many confused youth.  They are not confused about who they are but they are confused as to why the people that should love them the most no longer want them around. Statistics show that these teens are in danger on the street and thanks to all of you generous people recently we were able to open several more beds and now, we really need funding for more staff.” 

“Papapapa,” Aaron said in the mic, causing everyone to smile and laugh at the sweet little boy.  

“You are right, Aaron, I should have introduced you.  This is my amazing grandson and his big brother, Gus, is over there with my son and son in law.  They also have a brand new baby sister at home.  My son was fortunate to find a support system when he was that age. I pray for the day when everyone feels safe and loved wherever they are and whoever they love.  Please, look around.  Make a purchase and give for the safety of all those who have needed shelter, are at the shelter, and who will need shelter in the future. If you have any questions feel free to speak to me or any of the other sponsors that are wearing name tags throughout the gallery.”

Kevin walked away from the mic and the music came back up.  Kevin handed Aaron to Nat and picked up Gus, giving him a kiss before putting him back down so they could go home.  Brian and Justin kissed the boys and Justin walked out to the SUV with Nat and helped strap the boys in the car seat.  

“Daddy J, when will you be home?”

“Well, your daddy and I will be home in time for lunch tomorrow.”

“You mean you won’t come home tonight? Who will take care of me?”

“Well, Gus, don’t you think Grandma and Nat can take care of you?”

“Of course they can, but I will miss you so much.”

“Oh, Gus, I love you so much!” Justin gave him one more hug and kiss.

“I love you, too, Daddy. Ok, Nat, we can go now.”

“Thanks, Nat.  We will be home around noon.”

“Don’t worry about anything, Justin.  Your mom and I have it all under control.” Nat put up the window and drove away.

Justin walked back into the room and looked around the room for Brian. He was in a back corner talking to a young woman near the painting he had fallen in love with.


Brian had seen the painting and knew it had to be the one Justin had told him about.  As he stood and looked at the picture he got sucked into it himself.

“Do you like it, Mr. Kinney?” a voice brought him back to the present.

“It is stunning.” Brian looked over at the young woman who was addressing him. “Justin told me about it and he was right.  I wish I knew the artist.  I would like to buy it.”

“With all the beautiful paintings your husband produces, you want to buy mine?”

“You painted this?” Justin asked as he walked up, slipping an arm around Brian’s waist.

“I did.”

“I guess I expected an artist by the name of J.Jay was a male.  I don’t know why. I also expected J.Jay to be much older.  You can’t be much older than I am but your skills are so much more advanced.”

“Oh, Mr. Taylor, you are so much more skilled than I am. When you popped on the scene a year ago, I couldn’t believe it had been done by someone younger than me.”

“I understand you aren’t looking to sell your work but,” Justin pulled out one of his business cards and handed it to her.  “Please, if you ever want to sell this piece or just want to collaborate on something, give me a call.  We will be back in Pittsburgh soon but we will visit down here too. Maybe we could do a project together sometime.”

“That would be amazing.  I have never been to Pittsburgh.” 

Brian pulled Justin close and whispered, “I’m about done for the night.”

“I’m sorry, babe.  Give me five minutes and we can leave. J.Jay, I mean it, give me a call.” Justin rushed off to talk to the director and Kevin.

“J.Jay, if you ever want to sell this painting, please talk to me first.” Brian smiled down at the young woman.  “Nothing is too good for Justin.”

“I will do that, Mr. Kinney.”

“It’s Brian and Justin, please.  And it was nice meeting you.” Brian undulated across to the room where Justin and Kevin were standing with the director of the gallery.  “Well, Dad, I need my husband to take me to bed before we are both too tired to enjoy the hotel room.”

“Tonight was a real success for the shelter,” the director commented. “I don’t have totals yet but, including the paintings Justin sold and is donating the profits, we are going to be near $100,000.”

Kevin picked up Justin and spun him around. “This is the most successful fundraiser we have ever had.  With that kind of money coming in we should easily be able to hire someone to help out.”

“Well, if you will let go of my husband we are going to move on.” Brian kissed Kevin.  “Dinner at the house tomorrow?”

“That sounds great.  We won’t be able to do that too many more times. I will see you tomorrow.” Kevin said as Brian and Justin headed out the door.  

Once on the street Brian presses Justin against the wall and kisses him. He slid his hand down and cupped Justin’s crotch, “You weren’t lying when you said that painting was special.  What do you say we go check out one of those garden paths and find a comfy place to…” He claimed Justin’s mouth again.

When they separated, Justin walked beside Brian, across the road to the hotel.  “It’s not quite as lush a trail as in the painting but I promise we can make it paradise once we get there.”


An hour later they lay side by side, looking at the ceiling.  They were both covered in a sheen of sweat after Justin had straddled Brian and rode him through two orgasms but now they were silent. “It is going to be hard to leave here,” Brian said.

“Your dad and the girls are family but we will come back for Thanksgiving and they will come for Christmas,” Justin said as he rolled over and rested his head on Brian’s chest. “It will be good to see Em and James and find out if Jessi will have a new playmate in a few months.”

“And of course we can look forward to my father getting out.”

“Justin, you know I want to strangle him.  If I had my way I’d…  He can’t hurt us.  We have everything and he has nothing. He is nothing.”

“I know that in my head but my heart has its doubts. He will always be my father.”

 

Brian turned over and coaxed Justin to turn his back to him.  He entered him once more but neither of them moved once they got comfortable. “I love you, Sunshine, and for the first time in my life I understand what you mean when you say he will always be your father. Just remember we both have Kevin now. He is enough of a real father for both of us.”


Chapter 6 by Simply written

Chapter 6


The remainder of their stay in Atlanta was wrapping up. The Taylor- Kinney crew spent as much time with their family as they could.  They had tickets purchased to fly back to Pittsburgh tomorrow.  Justin was going with Brian to his doctor’s appointment.  If all goes as planned, they would take the cast off of Brian’s leg and he would be able to use a walking boot until his leg was completely healed.  Brian’s records had already been sent to his doctor back home for follow up treatment. Brian was ready to be able to at least drive as soon as they got home. 

“I can’t wait to get this weight off my leg so we can make love any way we want to.” Brian said as he walked toward the doctor’s office with Justin at his side. Justin held the door for him.  “And soon I will be able to hold the door for you,” he said as he kissed Justin briefly as he walked into the building.

An hour later they walked out arm in arm with no crutches. “How does it feel, Brian?”

“I think I feel the same as Aaron does.  I take a step but I am not sure if I’ll stay on my feet.”

“Well, my love, I am here to catch you.” They both stopped and faced each other.

“You always are, Sunshine.” Brian put his hands on either side of Justin’s face and drew him in for a real kiss. When they separated Brian kept him close the remainder of the way to the car. He started toward the driver’s side but Justin redirected him.

“I know you could probably drive but let’s give your leg a rest until we are back home. I am sure your ankle is still stiff.”

“I hate when you are right.” Brian walked to the passenger side. “Let’s stop by the Harley place and check on the repairs. They said it was as good as new. I just want to see it.”

“Ok, but then we are expected back at the house.  The girls did the breakfast shift but are off the rest of the day so we can all be together. Oh, and Mom is going to be gone most of the day visiting a college friend. She’ll be back in time for dinner.”

“And I will at least be able to do some stuff today. I can at least walk in the pool for a while,” Brian commented.

“For a little while and just walking.  The doctor said the boot should still be worn most of the time.” Justin said as he pulled into the dealership.

After they saw the restored motorcycle and made sure it was ready to be taken back to Pittsburgh, Brian and Justin went home.  Jessi was in the shade of an umbrella with a fan near her keeping the temperature comfortable for an infant. The adults all took turns spending time with the kids and each other.

After half an hour Brian sat in a lounge next to Jessi, holding her from time to time. When Aaron got tired, he fell asleep lying next to Brian.  Kevin walked over and sat in the chair next to him.  “I am going to miss you all so much,” he said as he reached over and touched Aaron’s back.

“Well, as soon as you find someone to work with you at the shelter you will be able to spend some time with us.  Maybe you could help start a similar program up there.”

“That is a really good idea.”

“And every time we just call it the shelter, I feel like we need a name for it.  If there is a name that supports what you do it will help people remember it and if they remember something they may give more.  What do you think of the name Legacy Center.  The teens you help are creating their own legacy.  You are helping them create their own legacy.”

“Legacy.” Kevin sat quietly for a while. “Brian, I have thought about a name before but I was never able to get approval.”

“Dad, have you ever thought about running the place with private investors?” Brian asked.

“Brian, do you know what kind of investment that would cost?”

“Dad, you managed to raise $100,000 in one night.  I think you have the backing and if you would expand to Pittsburgh I know a group of supporters up there that can afford to help and I am thinking of some space that is a perfect location for Legacy Center.”

“Brian, I would love to be near your family part of the year.  Maybe I could summer in Pittsburgh and winter in Atlanta, if I can find directors in both places and I could be….”

“You would be the executive director over the Legacy Center Organization.”

“Brian, how long have you been thinking about this?”

“Ever since I saw the work you do here.  Pittsburgh needs a place like this.  Every city does. You are making a difference. And by the way, I think I have the perfect person for you to run the place in Pittsburgh.   You have met him, Ted’s partner Blake.  He is a drug counselor. Not all the clients are addicted but they all have stressors similar to that.  Blake will do an excellent job.”

“Well, then we only need to find someone to run the business end of it. Any ideas?”

“What would you think about James? He is being underutilized.  He is loyal and wants to continue to work for us and I think with his heart and his intelligence, he is perfect, and if he needs some schooling, he would do it.”

“You don’t have to convince me.” 

“Grandpa, didn’t you hear me? I’ve been calling you. Can you come play with us?  We need you to help us. Daddy J said you aren’t allowed.”

“I’m coming.” Kevin looked down and Brian.  “That is an amazing idea, son, we will talk about it later. I am being paged.”

Later Aaron woke and Sally and Brandy took both boys and Jessi in the house and got them snacks and a bottle.  While Kevin and Nat went into the hot tub, Justin came over and sat on the edge of Brian’s lounge chair.  “Is there room for me on there?” He laid down pressed tightly against Brian.

“Hard to believe we are leaving tomorrow.” Brian kissed Justin’s temple.

“Ya, the summer went fast and I know how much I will miss this family but I also miss our family there and I need to get back for Molly. If he screws up her life, I promise I’ll…”

“We’ll be home tomorrow.” Brian pulled him even closer, “You will take care of your sister.  You always do.” He slipped his hand down the back of Justin’s suit and soon his finger was trailing the valley between the perfect mounds and then he began to probe. “Damn, I want you so bad right now without the extra 30 pounds of cast.”

“As much as I want that, too, we are not doing anything too strenuous because I do not want you to damage the healing that has taken place.” Brian added pressure with his finger and Justin’s face said it all.  Brian’s mouth clamped down on Justin’s and then he inserted a second finger and began to move in and out.  Within moments Justin had cum and then collapsed against Brian.

“Fuck, that was ….”

“Let’s go take a dip to cool off and then go make sure the girls are alright with all three kids.” Brian began to stand up.

“Let’s just go shower off in the house.  You have exerted yourself enough this afternoon.”

“As long as I get to see you naked…” Brian laughed and the two of them walked into the house.

Jennifer arrived home before dinner was served.  Between Sally, Brandy, and Nat they had a feast.  Kevin made sure he spent time with both boys, and when it was time for them to go to bed, he went with Brian and Justin to their room.

Their suitcases were packed and in the SUV.  They had decided to just take some small carry ons because they wouldn’t need everything the day they arrived and Nat would be in Pittsburgh with the SUV in three days.  Brian and Justin stood at the door as Kevin said goodbye. Aaron didn’t understand and tried to squirm out of Kevin’s embrace.  “I know you don’t understand, Aaron, but I will miss you.  I will see you soon.” He kissed the little boy and laid him down before moving to his big brother.

“Grandpa, can’t you come live with us.  I don’t want you to stay here. I want you in Pittsburgh.” Gus was sniffling, trying not to cry.

“Oh, Gus, I will miss you so much.  We can see each other on calls as often as you want.”

“Can we talk before I go to school?”

“We can talk anytime you want.” Kevin said fighting back tears but the minute Gus threw his arms around his neck, Kevin couldn’t hold it back. “I love you, Gus.  I didn’t know I missed you until I met you and now I will always miss you when we aren’t together.”  After they hugged for a little longer, Kevin turned to Brian and Justin.  “I’m going to stay with him until he falls asleep.”

They backed out slowly, shutting the door behind them and went back to the girls. They were all hugging and when Nat saw Brian and Justin she said, “I need to get to bed.  I have a long drive ahead of me the next couple days.” She hugged Brian and Justin and went upstairs.

Brian poured five whiskeys, handing one to each and leaving one on the counter for Kevin.  The four sat on the sectional facing each other. “So you are coming up for Thanksgiving, right?”

“We should be able to make that work,” Sally said.

“Please keep an eye on Nat.  I worry about her being near Tom.  She loves him so much. I’m not sure she will be able to get over him if she keeps seeing him.”

“We will, and so will Em and James.”

“He finally fell asleep.” Kevin spotted the glass on the counter and picked it up as he walked to join his kids. He sat in the middle of them. “I need to say something and since I am already emotional, I know there will be tears.  Damn, that those boys nearly did me in.” Jenn walked in holding Jessi but handed her over to Kevin.  

“I’ll get her bottle.” She walked to the kitchen, touching Kevin’s shoulder as she passed him.

Kevin brought the baby up to his shoulder. “I didn’t think it would be this hard.  I hope all of you know, I consider all of you my children.  Brian and I had a discussion by the pool today and I may be splitting my time between Pittsburgh and Atlanta and that might be the only way I will feel whole.  I need to see all my kids.” He turned to the women as  Jenn handed him a bottle for Jessi Anne. He positioned her and started feeding her. “Sal and Brandy, I just know some day you two will also have a family and I know then I will really be traveling back and forth, if you will let me be a part of…”

“Oh, Father Kev, you know we expect you to be their grandparent.  And now they have cousins and uncles.  I …..” Sally began to cry and Brandy pulled her close.

“Ok, enough of this weeping.  We are all healthy and young and will see each other at least a couple times a year and when we have kids they will grow up as cousins. Now, I need one more chance to hold that beautiful child.” Brandy stood and Kevin offered her the baby. She sat back down by Sally who immediately kissed Jessi and then she and Brandy kissed”

“Give us a couple years and I am fairly sure we will have a playmate for her and the boys.” Sally smiled over at Brian and Justin. And as much as I hate to say it, we all have an early morning. I have to be at the diner in six hours and you all have to be at the airport  about that same time.” Brandy kissed Jessi and then held her close to Sally who did the same before passing her to Justin. 

Twenty minutes later Brian and Justin crawled in bed side by side. Justin wrapped his arms around Brian who had been silent since his family left.  Justin cradled his head and ran his fingers through Brian’s hair like a mother would to her small child who was sad about losing a friend. “Brian, they are family now.  You know we can fly back and forth as often as we want. What were you and your dad talking about today?”

“Sunshine, do you mind if we don’t talk about it right now? I promise I will tell you soon. I just want to get a little sleep before we leave for the airport.”

“Sure.  Good night, love.”

“I love you,” Brian said as he closed his eyes and fell asleep.


The next morning was a blur.  Nat left just as the transportation to the airport arrived. The children were all still asleep but as Gus was put in his booster seat his eyes fluttered open. He looked up into Brian’s eyes, so much like his own.  “I’m going to miss Atlanta.”

“We all are,” Brian said, kissing his son’s forehead.

The flight is what you would expect with three small children on a plane but before they knew it they were landing in Pittsburgh.They dropped Jenn off and then continued on to Britin. Em and James met them at the house but after hugs along with oohs and awes over Jessi they left knowing they were all a bit off after the early flight. Ronni took over baby duty after one look at Brian and Justin. She could see they needed a little break. Aaron and Gus were out of sorts the remainder of the day and by 7:00 both were in bed and asleep.

“I have baby duty tonight.  It is obvious, Brian, that you are in pain.  You have overdone it on your leg.  And for once, I can’t even scold because of the day you have had. She then walked over to Justin with a cup in her hand, “Your evening tea.  Make sure you take one of your pills. Sleep until you wake.  I will be here for the boys.” She kissed both of them.  “I have missed all of you.  And yes, I’m a bit sappy.  It’s the pregnancy…. Oh I wasn’t supposed to say that.  Act surprised when the boys tell you tomorrow.”

“Oh, Ronni, I am so happy for all of you!” Justin hugged her.  “You are going to be such an amazing surrogate and even better grandma.”

“I have to admit, I can’t wait to hear this little one call me that.” Ronni waved them off. “Go to bed.  Don’t make me tell you again!”

Brian slipped an arm around Justin and leaned on him a bit as they walked up the stairs.

After a couple days of getting back into a normal schedule, Brian was back at work and Molly had come out to stay for a while. On Friday, when Ronni said she had invited James and Em to the main house for dinner Justin was sure they would be told the exciting news officially.  

Justin called Brian, “Hey, Bri.”

“Damn, I miss spending most of the day with you. How is our little Jessi? Does she miss her daddy?”

“I actually think she does.  The last two weeks she spent half her day laying on your chest and I happen to know that is one of my favorite places to be.”

Brian groaned, “Did you just call to torture me?”

Justin laughed a bit, “I was just calling to tell you that James and Em are going to tell us the exciting news so you have to act surprised.”

“I am excited for them.  I can’t imagine not having our kids and theirs and our two youngest will be playmates.”

“Yes, I didn’t really have anything else to tell you.  Be home on time and maybe tonight you can tell me about your plans with your dad.  I know we have tried a few times but we never have talked about the whole plan.”

“I know, Sunshine, and it isn’t on purpose.  Just with the kids still adjusting to being home….”

“I know, Bri.  Sometime this weekend we will make time.  I love you.  Come home soon.”

“Love you, too. I will make sure I leave on time.”

Justin jumped when Molly spoke.  He hadn’t heard her walk in. “Justin, Ronni is reading to Gus and the two little ones are sleeping. Can we talk?”

“Sure, Mol, do you want a soda or some iced tea?” Justin opened the refrigerator and pulled out the pitcher of tea.

“I’ll take a glass of that. I don’t know what Ronni does to it but no one else makes ice tea like her. And have I told you how much I love my niece? She is the most beautiful baby ever.”

“We did get a good one.  Now, what did you want to talk about?” Justin sat down at the table and Molly joined him.

“Did you read the last letter we got from the prison or lawyer or wherever?”

“It says dad will probably be out by the end of the month and they will let you know because he did everything to you. I ….” 

Justin took her hand, “Molly, if you want to see him I won’t be mad at you and if you want me to go with you I will.  I have no urge to see him but if he asks I will.”

“You would do that?”

“Yes, I would.  I guess I am curious what he has to say but, Molly, remember he is a good con man.  He can be charming.  I don’t want you to fall for his shit.”

“Does he know that Aaron…”

“I think he does. He’s not stupid.  He knows Brian and I had a son and he knew he got her pregnant.  I don’t plan to tell him anything about my son and I wish you wouldn’t either.”

“I wouldn’t, and I don’t want to see him alone.  Mom said she would go but…”

“Mol, when it is time, I will go with you, wherever he is.  I can’t imagine where he will live.”

“He still has the store. One of his employees kept it running.”

“Well, I hope it is doing well.  I hope he can make a life for himself. I don’t wish him harm but I don’t want to support him.”

“I know he hurt Mom and me but he hurt you so much more.  I don’t know if I could forgive him the way you have.”

“Molly, my life is beyond anything I could have ever imagined.  I have a husband that loves me and I love more than I can even imagine.  I have three children I can’t live without.  I have extended family and friends that are always there when I need them.  I mean you are here helping right now. Whatever Dad did to me, I still won.”

“I love you, Justin.”

“I love you, too, Mol.” She threw her arms around him and kissed his cheek.  

“I’m going to go out by the pool.  I know Gus will be out there pretty soon and I told him I would swim with him.”

“They are lucky kids to have you as an aunt.”  Molly was already running up the steps for her suit.

Molly put her suit on just in time.  By the time she came downstairs, Gus was waiting for her and they went out to the pool. “Ronni, come have a glass of tea with me.  I have a feeling it is decaf because I have seen you drinking it.”

Ronni sat in the chair Molly had vacated and he filled a clean glass he had gotten for her and handed it to her.  “How are you feeling?”

“I’m pregnant, not sick.”

“I know that, Ronni, and I know women have babies every day but they are usually a bit younger than you are and I doubt any of them work half as hard as you do.”

Ronni smiled at him, “I am doing fine.  As my time goes on, we will see if I can keep up.  Natalia is always a good help and she is back tonight or tomorrow right?”

“Yes, he may even be here by dinner tonight.”

“You and Brian will act surprised?”

“Of course we will and Nat doesn’t know. I am not sure I mentioned this but it would not surprise me if Nat moves to Atlanta.  If that happens we will get more help, of course.”

“Why do you think he might be moving?” Ronni sipped her tea and put her feet up on the chair next to her.

“Once the transition is completed she may need a new start.  She admitted she has been having a hard time dealing with her broken heart so once she has finished her physical changes, a clean break might do her good. Sally and Brandy left him a standing invitation to work for them.”

“I would miss her but she needs to do what is best for her. I have to say, I don’t always understand why someone would want to do what he/she did but I am seeing more and more openness and cheer in her.  I helped her with some of her dresses.  She is really beautiful in them and she is talented in so many ways.”

“I am sure you have been a great support for him through all of this.” Ronni put her feet on the floor.  Your daughter is going to be hungry very soon.  I will get a bottle ready for her.”

“And I will go see if she is awake. Aaron should be good for a while yet, right?” Justin smiled at her.

“He should have at least another half hour to sleep. Justin,” Ronni smiled over at him.  “I am glad my son and Emmett has such good role models when it comes to being fathers.”

“Ronni, I think both of them had pretty good role models from day one, at least James has.” Justin left to check on Jessi.


As Brian pulled up at 4:30 and as he did, Nat pulled in behind him. “Nat, good to see you!” He walked back and hugged her as she stepped out of the SUV.  Any problems coming through the mountains with the hog behind you?”

“Not really.  I just had to keep my speed down in the mountains going down the curves. I’ll grab the suitcases out of the back.  I’ll help you and if they stay out here until tomorrow is….

“Dadadada,” Brian looked up and saw Aaron walking toward him with Justin watching him closely. 

Brian set the suitcase down and did his best to crouch to be at his level.  The boot he was wearing limited his movement a little but not nearly as bad as the cast had. He caught the boy in his strong arms and swung him up in the air causing laughter and squeals. 

Justin walked down and hugged Nat.  “Glad you made it! Em is making a special dinner for all of us.  Why don’t you go on in and take a nap or lay by the pool or whatever.  We’ll get this empty and we will have the trailer picked up tomorrow.”

“Thanks, I could really use some sleep. What time is dinner? I better set my alarm.”

“I’ll send Gus out to get you.  Just sleep.  I think it will be around 6:30.” Nat grabbed her own bags and moved to the door.” 

Brian picked up one suitcase and with Aaron in the other arm, he moved toward the house.  Justin got as many bags as he could carry out of the SUV and carried them to the house. “Can you set those bags down for a minute?” 

“Just let me bring these….”

Brian had set Aaron down on the floor by his feet and took the bags out of Justin’s arms and hands.  He then pulled Justin close and kissed him. When he moved back a fraction of an inch he said, “Hello, Sunshine.”

“Welcome home, Brian.” They smiled at each other and kissed once more before Brian picked Aaron up again and Justin ran the luggage upstairs. When Justin went out for another load, he smiled when he saw James there pulling luggage out of the SUV. “Thank you, James.  Brian isn’t up to that many steps yet.”

“No problem.  Mom shot me a text and I was just sitting at the house watching Em cook.”

“How is married life?” Justin asked him.

“I love him.  I always will.  He is going to be such a good dad when….” James stumbled. “Well, whenever we have kids, he will be good.”

“So will you, James.  Whenever you have a baby, they will be very loved and cared for.”

“Yes, they will be.” James said as they followed each other up the steps to bring the bags into the correct bedrooms.

“We might need your help soon.  We ordered a toddler bed for Aaron because it won’t be long before Jessi will need to be out of this small cradle and in the crib.”

“Just let me know when you get it in.  I can assemble it for you.”

“Thanks, James. I’ll let you know.  It isn’t a rush job, just sometime in the next month.”

“Well, I think that was all of them.  Is there anything else I can do? Otherwise I will go be Em’s taste tester and start bringing over some of the food.  We are going to cook it here so we don’t have to move hot food.”

“No, go home to your hubby.  You can tell Em, Nat is coming for dinner but she is napping right now.”

“I will let him know. How is Nat? She tries so hard to be happy and I know she is about the change but she still misses Tom.  I am not sure she will ever stop.”

“Well, I hope she gets with the right person whether that is Tom or someone else. I just hope …. It is none of my business.  I just want everyone I love to be as happy as I am.” Justin gave James a kiss on the cheek.  “Thanks again.  Now go take care of your husband….well maybe you shouldn’t ‘take care’ of him until after dinner but go help him.”  James flushed a bit and then he left.  Justin had to smile that someone that looked like James still blushed at the thought of sex with his husband. 

Justin started unpacking suitcases.  He was glad all of the clothes in these bags had been washed before packing them so he started putting Gus’ clothes into the drawers of his dresser.  He heard Brian walk in.  He could tell it was him by the slight drag of the booted foot. As he stood up he felt the strong arms wrap around his shoulders and then felt his warm lips on his neck.

“I know we just got home and we have been away a lot but other than the night after the charity event we haven’t had time alone. I mean 12 hours just doesn’t quite cut it. I want you and me and no one around for twenty miles.”

“No cell phones or wifi?” Justin turned and pressed his pelvis against Brian’s.

“Well, with three kids it probably isn’t very smart to be totally without connection but….” Justin’s hand was now pressing on Brian’s crotch. “Damn, you make it hard to think.”

“What about our wedding cabin? Does Cythia’s family still own it? We could just go for a couple days in the middle of the week.”

“I will definitely check with her and if you keep moving your hand like that, you are going to have more laundry to deal with.”

“I think I can think of a better use for that hardon.” Justin undid his fly and turned his back to Brian.

“Here in Gus’ room?” Brian question.

“Fast and furious,” Justin glanced over his shoulder and stuck out his ass.

“Fuck!” Brian said under his breath as he undid his trousers and in one move buried himself into Justin. It was as Justin had stated.  Brian and Justin moved simultaneously, and it didn’t take long for both men to cum.

“Well, trust me, that was worth the laundry,” Justin smiled as he pulled up his pants. He quickly wiped off the front of Gus’ dresser and the men walked, arm in arm,  to their room with Gus’ empty suitcase in his hand. He set it out of the way in the hall.  I will just leave them here until they are all empty and then they can be moved to storage.”

“I think a quick shower is needed and then I bet it will be dinner time.”

“Can I wash your backside?” Justin winked.

“You can do more than that!”

“Later, I promise, I will do whatever you want after we officially hear the news.” Justin ran his hand over Brian’s ass. “It has been a long time since I have….”

Brian pulled Justin under the water with him.  “Shut up and kiss me.” Brian said as he brought down his mouth.


As Brian and Justin stepped out of their room.  Nat came walking out of Gus’ bedroom with Aaron in one arm and holding Gus’ hand. “Well, don’t you three look good,” Brian said.  Aaron was in a little blue and green romper while Gus was in a tank top and shorts. 

“When you have boys this cute…”

“Nat, you took a short nap. And you are looking very nice yourself. ” She was wearing a cranberry colored short sleeve ruffled top and a navy skirt. Her hair was pulled back with barrettes. “If I wasn’t madly in love with my husband…”

“You wouldn’t look twice at me, now that I am wearing a skirt.” Nat patted Brian’s cheek.  

“So, Nat, when are you doing your drag show.” Justin changed the subject.  He wasn’t sure if he should talk to Natalia about Tom or not.

“In about a month.  It will be after Labor Day.  It is supposed to be an event for the beginning of fall.” 

“Well, we will have to make sure we have a sitter so we can see you.”

As they got to the bottom of the steps, they could hear Ronni and Em talking and when they walked into the kitchen. Em and Ronni were putting food  on the table while James, cheek to cheek with Jessi, talking to her softly.

“Oh, Jamesy, you are going to make me cry. You two are just too beautiful together.” Em’s heart felt voice said. “You are all just in time. Sit! Sit! Tonight is a special night.”

Brian moved over to James and took his daughter from him.  “Hello, Beautiful,” He said as he pulled Jessi close. “I can’t believe I hesitated adopting this one.”

“The only reason you hesitated was because you thought I couldn’t handle another child.”

“That’s not exactly true.  I didn’t want you to have to take on anymore.”

“Oh but, darling, when you have as much money as we do, we can always hire help and we all have enough love for another twenty kids.” Justin kissed Brian’s head.

“Well, this is it for us, right, Sunshine?”

“Yes, love.  Our boys needed a little sister.” 

James looked at Em and Em nodded. “Well, I’m glad to hear that you like kids around,” James took a deep breath but before he could continue Emmett interrupted.

“We are having a baby!” Em blurted loudly. A cheer went up around the table.

“Congratulations!” Justin said.  When will the baby be here?”

“At the end of May,” Ronni said.  “I am feeling fine and I will make sure I have hired a temp in April and hopefully he or she can stay through June.”

“That sounds perfect.  We will help with the hiring of course and if you want to hire earlier just let us know,” Justin said. 

Once Gus realized what they were talking about he was very excited.  “More kids! Are we ever going to get an older kid that I can play with?”

The adults all smiled, Brian said, “I think you are just going to have to be the big brother for all of them. We know you are a great big brother.”

“Ok, I can do that!” Gus said with a big smile and Ronni, who was sitting next to him gave him a big hug.

They ate and talked and laughed until the boys were tired of sitting. Nat got up and turned on a movie and sat on the sofa with both of them.  It was only a short time before Gus walked over and softly said to Justin, “I think Nat needs to go to bed.” They looked over and Aaron was watching the show and Nat was curled up and sound asleep.”

“She has had a big day,” Justin commented.  “I’ll make sure she gets in bed.” He stood and kissed Brian. He brought his mouth to his ear, “Don’t forget that ass is mine later.” Brian growled low in his throat as Justin walked over to the sofa, “Gus, let your daddy know if Aaron starts moving around too much.”

“I will, Daddy J.”

“Come on, Natalia.  It is time for you to go to bed.” He helped her to her feet and guided her toward the door.

“I can make my own way to the pool house. Sorry, I fell asleep.” Justin slipped an arm around her.

“I can walk you over there. You have been on the road for a few days because of us.” They walked in and Nat slipped out of her sandals. “Nat, are you alright? I feel like you have something on your mind.”

“I made a decision on the road.  I am going to move to Atlanta. I’m not going to rush. I have the drag shows in September and at the end of September I have verified my surgery is scheduled the last week of September. By November I should be ready to travel and I will go back to Atlanta with Father Kevin and the girls.” As she talked she had turned her back to Justin and slipped her shirt off and slipped a worn t-shirt on. She then pulled her skirt off from underneath.  When she turned around Justin looked at her night shirt. “It was Tom’s.  I know I should stop torturing myself but…” tears flowed down her cheeks.  

Justin wrapped his arms around her.  He kissed her head. “I can’t say I know exactly what you are going through but I went almost two years thinking I would never be able to have Brian again. It nearly killed me but my father lied and told me I was bad for Brian.  You told yourself you weren’t good for Tom.”

“I know what you are doing, and you are right, you do know how I am feeling but...did you ever stop loving Brian?”

“I could never stop loving Brian.”

“I will never stop loving Tom so I decided Atlanta is a great place to go.  Some may say I am running away but I’m not.  I am going to my new start.  I will be a woman where no one knows I was once a man or at least they didn’t know me as a man. I have a job and friends already.”

“Nat, I don’t blame you.  It is a great opportunity for you and you will be able to help the girls and Kevin is there for support.” Justin pushed Nat into a lying position and Justin covered her with a light blanket. “Get some sleep.  I will see you in the morning.” Justin kissed her cheek and left the pool house.


Ronni was feeding Jessi when Justin let himself in the door. Ronni said she would take Jessi  in her room for the night. Justin looked around for Brian and James pointed at the staircase before putting another plate in the dishwasher. He peeked in the nursery and saw Aaron fast asleep in the crib.  He then crossed the hall and opened Gus’ door.  Brian sat in bed with Gus reading him a story.  Justin saw Gus’ eyes were shut.  He made just enough noise to get Brian to look at him and waved for him to come out.

“Looks like those two are out and Ronni is keeping Jessi.  She says her hormones keep her up all night anyway.” As Justin talked he led Brian across the hall to their bedroom. As soon as they shut the door. Brian pulled off Justin’s shirt. His mouth trailed across Justin’s cool skin. Now it was Brian’s turn to lead Justin.  He moved to the bed and sat down and then pulled Justin’s body close. As he kissed Justin’s abs he undid Justin’s fly and as soon as it was open, he freed Justin’s cock and took it in his mouth. He moved his mouth gliding over the erection and when Justin was ready to cum Brian stopped and after standing, he took off his boot and stripped. He positioned a pillow on the bed and laid on his stomach. Justin got on the bed behind him and draped his body over Brian’s.  He began to kiss down Brian’s spine and as he did he took one hand and began to slowly enter Brian. He felt him tense at the initial shot of pain  but then Justin felt him give into the feeling.  He was so glad Brian preferred to be the top but every so often he appreciated remembering the pleasure of being in this position and Justin was so glad because as much as he loved the feeling of being deep inside of him, he would always prefer having Brian inside of him.

Justin moved slowly and then feverishly and when he had cum Justin was fairly sure Brian had not and they quickly switched positions and although they ended up laying on their sides because Brian’s leg was still weak, soon he was inside Justin and Brian still managed to hold on until Justin was ready to cum again and they climaxed together.

Justin rolled over to face Brian, “I love you.”

“I love you, too, Sunshine. Is everything alright with Nat? You were gone awhile.”

“Nat is moving to Atlanta. She is planning to talk to Brandy and Sally and plan to go back with them at Thanksgiving. Her surgery will be done by then and….”

“Let me guess, she needs to get away from Tom.”

“She wants to make a fresh start. I understand.  When Dad had told me you didn’t want me, I could never see myself with anyone but you. If he would have ever let me go, I would have found someplace else to go.”

“Well, I guess I am just lucky I found you because I can’t imagine being happy in any other life. You and the kids are my life.”

“Brian,” Justin leaned against him.  “I’m scared.  I don’t know why because I know my dad is the loser but I hate knowing he is going to be back out where he can hurt Molly.  I am afraid she will fall for his shit, even though he dumped her when he took me.”

“He isn’t going to do anything to Molly because we won’t let her be alone with him and if he does one thing to hurt her, I will make him sorry he ever got out.” Brian was now sitting up.  “Shit, now I just want to ring his neck.”

“I would say grabbing him by the balls is a better idea.” Justin started smiling.

“You know when he was sent to jail the civil case  basically gave me all his possessions but rather than taking it I left it as is so Mom and Molly would receive the profits and the guy running it has been reporting to me regularly.  Well, I think it is time to sell his business.  I will turn over all the proceeds of the sale in a trust for Molly that Mom can be in charge of. It will give Mol all the college funding she needs and I know Mom and Tuck are fine.  They have an unusual marriage but they are happy and that is all that counts.”

“Sunshine, this isn’t your usual temperament. Why now?”

“I think it’s because I don’t know how he could do that to his own son.  I will go with Molly to talk to him  but only after I have talked to him alone. I will make a deal with him.  I will give him $50,000 to leave her alone until she is through college.  Basically, that is $10,000 a year for him to back off.” Justin had been pacing but now stood and looked out the window.  

Brian got up and limped over to him, wrapping his arms around him and Justin leaned back against him. “I can’t believe I am saying this but are you sure that is the best way to deal with it.  Molly is old enough to make the choice to see him or not.  I don’t mean she should be alone with him but he is her father.”

“You know you would never have said this a year ago.  Just because you have found the perfect father and am now trying to make up for 34 years doesn’t mean that Molly should be with him.”

“Justin, I am just saying she should be able to make up her own mind.  She is 16 years old. I think she will be smart enough to know she is better off without him but I think she needs to be able to make that decision.”

“Brian, what the hell are you saying? He is dangerous.  He lied! He took away two years of my life!” Justin broke away from Brian.  “I….I can’t sleep here tonight.  I just need….” Justin grabbed some shorts and pulled them on.

“Justin, I’m sorry but” Brian reached for him but he pulled away. ”Just tell me where you are going.”

“Away from you!” Justin left the room.

“Damn,” Brian stood at the window, looking out at the estate. He heard the door downstairs open and shut and then he watched Justin walk out on the pool deck and then dropped on one of the lounge chairs. He looked up and Brian quickly stepped out of sight. Brian stood there until he saw Justin lay down and when he was sure Justin had fallen asleep, he put on some shorts, his boot, and walked downstairs.  He picked up a couple blankets out of a basket and walked outside and covered Justin with one of them.  He kissed the top of Justin’s head and mouthed the words, “I love you, Sunshine.” He moved to the other end of the pool, sat down with the other blanket and watched Justin until he couldn’t keep his eyes open and drifted off wishing he could redo the whole night.


 

Chapter 7 by Simply written

Chapter 7 

 

The morning dawned but the sky was full of dark, menacing  clouds. Justin pulled the blanket up and then realized he wasn’t in bed. He sat up and looked around getting his bearings.  He saw Brian as he felt the first drop of rain.  “Damn, Brian, wake up and get inside.”

 

Brian blinked his eyes as the sky opened up sending down a torrential downpour.  Brian stood shakily, and as hard as he tried to move quickly, his leg was not cooperating this morning. Justin rushed to his side and, pulling one of Brian’s arms around his shoulders, started moving toward the house.  By the time they managed to get under the awning, they were both soaked.

 

 

“We sat outside all night with me?”

 

Brian tried to pull Justin to him but he resisted. “Sunshine….DAMN….that is an oxymoron today.” Wind blew around them in strong gusts. “Let’s get inside.” Brian said loudly to speak over the thunder.” They both rushed into the house just as Gus came flying down the steps and Ronni walked out with Jessi.

 

Gus rushed over to his fathers and grabbed both Brian and Justin’s hands. “Daddies, it’s really loud and..." more thunder and Gus’ grip was tighter. “Why are you all wet?”

 

 

Justin snapped out of his daze. “Your daddy and I went out for an early walk and got caught  in the rain.”  Justin started walking and Gus let go of Brian and walked toward Ronni.  Jessi was fussing in her arms. “Let me take her and..."

 

“No father in his right mind would take a babe in his arms when he is as wet as you are.  I have these two. You quickly go up and get some dry clothes.  Get your other son.  This storm could get vicious and we don’t want the little one up there by himself.”  Brian hobbled to a chair and sat down.  “Looks like he needs you to grab some clothes, too.  Now go, before that wee one wakes up.” Justin didn’t argue and rushed upstairs.

 

Ronni walked around and kissed Gus’ cheek, setting some warm hot chocolate in front of him.  “It is a chilly morning.  I thought some hot chocolate was perfect to start the day.” 


“Thank you!” Gus said a little calmer but still a bit jittery when it thundered again. 

 

Ronni sat down across from Brian and started feeding Jessi.  “So do you want to tell me what caused all this?” She looked him up and down.

 

“We had a fight last night.  I shouldn’t have said what I said but… It was about his dad.”


“You haven’t had a row in a long time.”


“Not like this.  He fell asleep out by the pool and I couldn’t leave him out there alone.  I covered him and then fell asleep myself.  But this morning my leg started acting up.”

 

“Once you get in dry clothes I will make some tea for you. I have something that will help your muscles relax.”

 

Justin’s voice came from the stairs talking to a sleepy Aaron.  He had pulled on shorts and a T-shirt.  He threw Brian’s clothes in a chair and walked to the changing table near the entrance of the laundry room and talked comfortingly to Aaron as he changed his diaper and then his clothes.  Brian stood and, grabbing his clothes, limped down the hall to change in the bathroom.


Ronni placed a happy Jessi Anne in the cradle and then turned to Justin. “So your side?”


“Did he tell you he thinks Molly should see our dad? How could he ever think that my sister should ever have a relationship with him?”

 

“And I understand he was horrible to you. But Molly is a young woman.  I think if she doesn’t face him and make her own decision, she will never have closure.”

 

“But…”

 

“What were you suggesting that Brian disagreed with?” Ronni asked.

 

Justin picked up Aaron and looked defiantly at Ronni but then he took a deep breath.  “I want to pay him off. I wanted to keep him away until she was out of college.” He looked into her eyes.  “It’s for her own good.” 


Ronni heard Brian’s footsteps behind her.  Let me take Aaron and get both boys some breakfast. Just as she took Aaron, the lights flickered and went out. Gus whimpered and Ronni said, “Your discussion will have to wait. We need to get these children in a safe place. I think the laundry is the safest place to be. Brian took Gus’ hand and Justin lifted Jessi out of the cradle.  Just as a lawn chair blew into the pool, Nat came falling into the main room.  He rushed to the laundry himself.


“They said there is a tornado moving our way.  I thought this place was much safer than that little place that doesn’t have nearly the foundation this place has.” 


Justin nodded at Nat.  “Grab a towel.  You’re all wet.” They heard the wind whipping outside and things flying around. The adults all sat on the floor and tried to entertain the kids.  Gus carefully crawled onto Brian’s lap.  He turned to face his daddy and wrapping his arms around Brian’s neck he clung to him. Brian wrapped his arms tightly around the young boy.


“Daddy,” he whispered, “I’m scared but I don’t want Aaron to know.  I’m the big brother. I need to be brave.”

 

“Gus, when your dads and Ronni and Nat are here, you can let us be brave,” Brian whispered back.

 

“I love you, Daddy.”


“I love you, too, Gus.” Brian kissed his cheek. Gus relaxed a bit and laid his head on Brian’s shoulder.


Nat helped Ronni entertain Aaron which wasn’t easy with a 14 month old. He was hungry and tired of sitting in the dark. Justin was glad that Ronni had managed to feed Jessi before and she was napping now.  It slowly got quieter outside and Nat went to take a look.  “It looks clear.  It is still raining but the sky is much lighter and the wind is down.”


Gus stood up and offered his dad a hand up. Brian wasn’t sure if it helped or hindered but he had to love his son’s heart. “Gus, do you want to help me get these lights back on?” 


“Yes, please!” 

 

Brian walked near Justin and wanted to reach out and touch him but his look told him he was still mulling over last night.  He could see it. Instead he bent and kissed Jessi’s chubby cheek and then let his fingers brush Justin’s laying on her chest. For a fleeting second their eyes met before Justin looked away.

 

 

“Daddy J!  Daddy let me turn on the big, noisy gentiraror. Did I say that right, Daddy?”


Brian lifted him up and then cringed, “Generator.  You were very close. And you were a great help and I can tell Ronni is already working on breakfast. Ronni, aren’t you supposed to be off today?”


“Yes, but Dante is delayed because of the storm so I figured it was safer for me to just stay here for now. James let me know they are fine and they will be here in a little bit. He and Em are looking over the estate.  They don’t have electricity, of course. I will make plenty of scrambled eggs and toast.  I already have bacon and sausage in the oven.”


Nat cut up some fruit and set several pieces in front of Aaron in the high chair. She gave Gus some cleaned strawberries. “Thanks, Nat. Strawberries are my favorite.”


“I know, my young friend. That’s why I gave them to you.”


Brian and Justin did their best to avoid each other. Ronni finally brought Brian the cup of tea she had promised before the storm went through. She then walked back where Justin was sitting by the counter. She handed him a cup of tea for his headaches and then said, “Enough.  It is time to talk to him.  You need to work it out before I leave.”


Justin walked over to the sectional.  He looked at Brian and the chair that was next to the sectional but ended up sitting next to him.  He decided he would rather not see his eyes. They both sat there sipping their tea. 


They both started to talk at the same time.  “Sunshine.” “Is your leg …”  They both stopped but then Justin continued, “Is your leg just stiff or does it feel reinjured?”


“It just feels stiff.  The night was chilly and the air was damp.”


In a quiet voice Justin said, “Who told you to sleep out there? I was getting away from you.”


“Sunshine, you were so angry.  And although I know you were mad at me, it was aimed at your father as well, and I couldn’t let you storm off and not know where you were.”


“So now I’m crazy?” Justin finished his cup of tea and set the vessel down.


Brian sat back and finished his cup as well. He set his cup next to Justin’s and then turned ever so slightly toward him.  “I never said that and just because you want to fight someone doesn’t mean I do.”


“You seem to have forgotten what he did to me.  He was cruel and kept me locked away.”


“Can you see Molly falling for that? You had a brain injury when he took you.  You don’t give her enough credit and I don’t want him to get a penny from you.  He doesn’t deserve your anger. He doesn’t even deserve a thought.” Brian reached out and brushed Justin’s hair off his forehead and then let the back of his fingers brush his cheek.


“Brian, I can’t just…. I thought I was over this but…”


“Sunshine, you will never be over this but you have to get around it.  You can’t let him do this to you.  And he won’t do it to Molly.  You won’t let him.” Brian pulled him closer and met him in the middle.  Once their lips met, Justin’s whole body collapsed against him. Brian’s hands went down Justin’s back.


Just as Brian was pulling him closer, Ronni said, “My boys are here.  Time for breakfast!”


“Don’t forget where we left off.” Brian ran his hand over Justin’s ass and then moved to stand up.

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t.” Justin stood and put his arm around Brian’s waist and together they walked to the table.

 

“How did we fair, James? Any damage?”


“Nothing I can’t deal with.”


“Hire a couple day workers.  You don’t need to do all that by yourself.  You have the number.  Obviously, things blew around.  What is actually broken?” Brian continued to talk as he first kissed Aaron’s head and then ruffled Gus’ hair before sitting at the table along with everyone else. 


James had pulled his mom’s chair out before sitting down next to Em and kissing him.  “A couple of the cameras are down.  That is my first priority when I am done eating.  I will find out if they are working order and if they are not I will get new ones ordered and delivered hopefully today.” James looked from Brian to Justin.  “We can talk about that after breakfast.”


Em smiled at Gus, “I made sure we checked on the playground and one of your swings is down and the slide needs to be repaired but James can fix it up for you.” He smiled over a very serious looking Gus.


“Thank you, Uncle James.  I love my play area and Aaron is just getting big enough to play.”


James' eyes softened and he smiled at Gus, “I will have it play worthy by tomorrow.” 


The conversation lightened and after the meal, Em patted James’ shoulder. “I have the day worker’s number.  I’ll see if I can get a couple people out here.”


“And, Ronni, you get out of here.  It is your day off and I will take over here,” Nat said.  


“Yes, Ronni, go spend time with Dante and we will see you on Monday.  The last week of summer.  I can’t believe Gus is starting kindergarten a week from Tuesday.”  Justin pulled Gus on to his lap.


“I am going to school all day.  Will we talk to my teacher soon?” Gus asked.


“Yes, your daddy and I and you will go to the school on Tuesday evening so you can meet him and know where your room is.”


“Ok.” Gus kissed Justin’s cheek, “Daddy J don’t worry I can handle school.”


“You might be able to but I am not sure what I will do all day without you.” Justin hugged him tight.


“Gus, if your daddies can watch your sister, how would you like to go for a walk with Aaron and me and you can see what the storm did.”


“That would be fun!  I’ll go get his stroller.” Gus rushed off.


“Brian, can we talk a little business in the office?” James asked as he walked with Brian down the hall.


“The boys will love going out.  Thanks, Nat.” Justin was talking to Nat but watching James and Brian.  He wondered what they were up to. He wasn’t sure why he felt uneasy; they talked business often.  Between last night and the storm this morning, he was just out of sorts a bit.  He felt a bit of a headache so he made some tea for himself and a bottle for Jessi and curled up in a chair with her and after both finished their drink they fell asleep.


 


James sat down across the desk from Brian.  “I just wanted to find out if you knew when Justin’s father was getting out.  I am going to do my best to get the cameras up and running but I know at least one of them will need to be replaced and possibly two.  Do I need to be worried if it takes a few days? I am afraid there will be a lot of cameras needing to be replaced around here after that wind.”


“We have not got the formal letter and I was going to tell Justin last night but….well, we had a blowup but yesterday I found out his father will be released on Wednesday.  I honestly don’t know if we need to be scared.  Unless the man learned something in prison, Craig is nothing more than a bully who is all talk.” Brian looked at James and took a deep breath, “But do your best to get the cameras replaced and if you can’t at least move the working cameras to the most sensitive areas.”


“I am on it, Brian, and with your permission, I will talk to the guards at your office and see if any of them want overtime.  A couple guys roaming around might deter anyone from expecting us not to have security up and running.”


“Thanks, James. I would like that.  My leg is still messed up and this is a lot of property. Offer them a bonus if no one volunteers. And James, I have something I would like to run past you.”


“What is it, boss?”


“Are you happy?”


“How could I not be happy? I am married to the love of my life and we are having a baby?”


“Ok, I worded that wrong. Do you plan to keep working in security and other side jobs? If you are happy, I will have you work for me as long as you want, but you are so intelligent and could do so much …. I know you used to have some self confidence issues but that is gone now.  You have matured so much since I hired you.”


“What are you thinking?”


“I know you have been taking some courses online in psychology and, you are so good with people…” Brian stopped.

 

 

“Brian, I have no clue what you are thinking and I really have a lot of work…”


“I’m sorry, I am hoping my dad will start a center up here.  I am going to talk to Blake about being the lead therapist but he could use a level headed second in charge. If you are interested in taking schooling, I will gladly pay for it. If not, I still think you would be a big asset there.”


“Wow, that’s a lot to take in.”


Brian walked around the desk and laid a hand on James’ shoulder, “Just think about it and talk to Em.  We have plenty of time to think about it but if you’re interested, I am sure I could get you into a few classes.  I know you have a college degree in criminal justice and some business courses but let me know if ….”


“Brian, I really appreciate all of this and I am very interested in the job but if I choose to take courses, I will pay for them myself.  I am a man who needs to pay his own way.  I already feel like…” he stood up and moved toward the door.


“James, you are on duty 24 hours a day to protect my family.  You and Em earn your lodging not to mention the friendship you offer us and the kids. You are a good man, James. You and Em are perfect together and you are going to be great parents.” 


James walked out the side door and Brian went down the hall to find his family. Brian found Jessi and Justin still asleep. He gently lifted his daughter off Justin’s chest and held her close. He remembered the first time he held Gus in the hospital the night he met Justin. He hadn’t known it at the time but it was the being of his life.  Oh, it hadn’t been a smooth transition but once he realized what love was, he was a good father and when Aaron came and now this beauty…. He would make sure she knew she was not allowed to date….well not as long as he was alive. He lowered her into her cradle before he dropped on the sofa and raised his leg. He had forgotten how much it hurt until he laid flat.  


Twenty minutes later Gus walked in. He tapped Brian on the shoulder, “Daddy,” he said softly.  “Are you awake, Daddy?”


“I am now.”  He smiled up at Gus.


“Nat said to let you know that he, I mean she has Aaron.  He fell asleep and she has him in the shade. Daddy I know I should say she but sometimes I forget. I don’t want her to get mad at me.”


“Oh, Gus, Nat wouldn’t get mad at you.  She knows you love her and if you say he accidentally, she will understand.


“She told me that, too.” He looked over at Justin who was starting to wake up. “Why are you both sleeping? You don’t usually nap. Are you sick?”


Justin held out his hand for Gus and Gus climbed on his lap.  “Neither of us slept very well last night and your daddy’s leg is hurting so we are just taking it a little easier today.” Justin noticed how Gus snuggled in.  “Gus, you may be starting kindergarten but I hope that doesn’t make you too big to sit on my lap.”


Gus threw his arms around Justin’s neck.  “I never want to get too big to sit on your lap.”


“You don’t know how happy that makes me,” Justin said as he wrapped his arms around their son, holding him close.


When Aaron woke, Nat brought him into the house. Soon afterward they heard the generator kick off and everything went back to full power. Nat made a big batch of popcorn and they spent the rest of the day watching movies and munching.  Nat made them a light dinner after all the popcorn. No one was very hungry.  


Nat went back to her house after cleaning up the kitchen and Brian and Justin took the boys in their big bathtub and let them play until Aaron started to fall asleep.  Justin lifted him out and carried him to his room.   He didn’t know it but this would be the last night he would sleep in this room.  They had decided he was a little young for a toddler bed so they were moving the crib into Gus’ room and Jessi would be sleeping in the nursery in her small cradle for now. Justin put him into his pajamas and after kissing him on both cheeks he laid him down.


“Good night, Aaron, we love you.”


Aaron smiled up at him with sleepy eyes and said, “Dadada,” and Justin’s heart was full.


By the time he shut the nursery door, he heard Jessica Anne.  He sighed, wanting to spend time with Brian  but then he thought of the smile Aaron had just given him and he moved into his room.  Brian was in Gus’ room tucking him in and Justin wandered to the door. He eavesdropped as he jiggled Jessi to keep her quiet.


“Daddy, it was a scary day but it was a love day, too.” Gus said, reaching up and touching Brian’s cheek.


“It was scary for a while this morning but what is a love day, Sunny Boy.”


“It was a day when we got to sit around and love on each other.  We had popcorn and movies and we all spent time together. It was all five of us.  I wish Grandpa and Aunt Brandy and Aunt Sally could have been here.”


“We will see them before you know it.  And tomorrow we can do a video call with Grandpa.”


Justin blinked back tears.  Why was he being so sentimental tonight? Then he realized it was all tied to his own father. Did his father ever tuck him? He had.  He remembered him tucking him in and kissing his forehead.  How could a parent turn off the love for their child?  Did his dad love Molly? Did his heart hurt from missing her?


“Gus, I think it is time for you to get some sleep and for me to check on Daddy J.”


“He’s at the door. I can see his shadow.”


Justin stepped in and moved to the bed. “I didn’t want to interrupt your conversation.” Gus sat up and kissed Jessi on the cheek before Justin handed her to Brian. He wrapped his arms around his son and kissed him.  “I love you so much, Gus.  Get some sleep and in the morning we can call your grandpa so he can get some of your love over the phone.”


“I love you, too, Daddy J.”


Knowing Brian was hurting, Justin took Jessi back and slipped the other arm around Brian’s waist as they crossed the hall. Brian sat down on the bed and Justin passed the baby back to him.  “I better go down and grab her bottle supplies.  I forgot we were out of it up here.”


Brian held on to Justin’s wrist as he started to step back. “Sunshine, is everything alright?”


He smiled weakly, “It will be when I can get in bed with you.” He drug a hand along Brian’s jaw.  “I’ll be right back.”


Justin took a deep breath as he started water in the kettle and then put the bottles and supplies on a tray along with two cups, each with their own kind of tea bags. Could he really still love his father? Did he miss the man he had been once?  The water started to boil and he poured it into a carafe.


When he heard Jessi cry he snapped out of it and headed upstairs with the tray.  “Sorry, Jessi, Daddy’s coming.” Justin walked in and after setting the tray down, he handed Brian the bottle. He had maneuvered himself  so he was sitting against the headboard and started feeding their daughter. Justin poured water into the cups, making them each some tea. Brian watched him move silently.  He wasn’t his normal chatty self.  He didn’t look angry.  He just wasn’t his Sunshine. He watched him take the teabags out of the cups and set Brian’s within reach on the nightstand.  Justin set his cup on his side of the bed and walked into the bathroom.


Brian stood and, kissing Jessi’s head, he laid her in the cradle. He looked at the bathroom but as he debated whether to go in, Justin came out in one of Brian’s T-shirts and some old shorts.  For a moment it took Brian back to when he had met Justin.  He looked so young and a little scared but with a fire deep inside of him. For now he was going to deal with the scared little boy. The rest would wait. 


Justin sat down and picked up his cup of tea, taking a sip.  Brian followed suit and started drinking his tea. When Justin finished the beverage, he opened the drawer of the night stand and pulled out a small tin box and then opened it and took out a joint.


“Sunshine, what is going on in that beautiful head of yours? Smoking with Jessi in the room?”


“Oh, shit,” he said under his breath, and after putting the joint away, he turned to Brian who was ready with open arms.


“Do you want to talk about it? Did I say or do something?”


“Oh, no, Bri. I was just mulling over last night and spending the day with the kids after a scary morning, and then Aaron smiled at me after snuggling. He smiled at me and my heart just ….if it wasn’t for my father we wouldn’t have him.  And your conversation with Gus about the love day.  Promise me we'll keep having love days.”


“Everyday we are together, is love day.” Brian tilted Justin’s head up and ever so gently brushed his lips against his forehead, cheek, and finally, against his lips. Justin melted against him and together they slid down onto the mattress. Their movements appeared to be in slow motion as they touched and tasted each other for more than half an hour and then they linked.


As Brian continued in slow motion, he whispered, “Damn this leg.  I wanted to do it like the first time.”


“I don’t care, my love, as long as we are together.” They moved in tandem and, although not insanely physical, the passion was worth so much more. Their climax was as much a melding of souls as bodies.


Justin turned into Brian’s arms and they kissed but Justin pulled back and dropped his head on Brian’s shoulder. “You are right.  Molly needs to make her own decision.  And, although he is never going to be in his life, I need to thank my father for giving us Aaron.”


“Justin, you don’t have to…”


“I’m not doing it to be kind.  I’m doing it to let him know that, even though he thought he had it all, I ended up the winner.”


“There is something else. What is it?”


“How can I still love him? When you were with Gus, I remembered my dad doing that. I don’t think he did it often but he did it and he kissed me and tucked me in.  How do you turn off loving someone like that?”


“Some people, like my parents, never knew how to really love.  I don’t think they loved themselves either and your dad...I don’t think he knows how to love anyone but himself. I am sure he did at first but when it wasn’t easy, he looked out for himself.”


“Why can’t I just drop it? I have an amazing family and my mom is the best.  Between us we have parents. And our kids….we hit the jackpot with our kids.”


Brian took a deep breath, “Justin, James and I…”


“Oh, I was going to ask you what you two talked about.”


“Mostly your father.”


“My father?”


“He wondered if we had to worry about him, especially since cameras are down and he isn’t sure when they will get replaced. I don’t think he would get violent but, if he is low enough, he might come and see if Dani is still here. Or to try to see Aaron.” Justin started sitting up.  “Don’t worry, Sunshine. There are two guards on duty every night until the cameras are up and running and then we will re-evaluate the situation. If we need to have a security company check out the place every night we will.  If we need to have a night guard we will but we can’t jump the gun.  You plan to take Molly to meet him and we will see what his reaction is at that point.  Whatever you think after the meeting we will do.”  Brian kissed him  and softly said, “We can deal with this, together.”


“You’re right. We can handle anything together.”


“Remember, there is still a court order keeping him away from you, I think.  If Mel would get her ass back where she belongs….anyway.  Monday I will talk to our lawyer and check what we need to do to make all this legal but for now…” Brian’s hand moved down Justin’s chest and his mouth followed. “Sunshine, relax, let your mind wander.  Let me…”


Brian’s mouth came down on Justin’s penis and all of his troubles melted away.


Sunday morning, Gus had a long conversation with his grandpa and Aaron babbled and waved at him.  Brian and Justin both talked to him and he blew kisses at Jessi.  “Dad,” Brian asked, “Have you thought any more about opening another center?”


“I am talking to the Church about funding.  It isn’t looking good.”


“Dad, don’t worry about the money.  If you are willing, Blake is already excited and I spoke to James about it, too.”


“We’ll talk more later.  I have to get to the center now but do I ever miss all of you.  I swear all three of the kids have grown in the last week. I love you all.”


“We love you, too, Dad. I will talk to you soon.”  And the call ended.


 


Time went on and they kept Labor Day low key. With Gus starting school the next day and Craig getting out on Wednesday, they decided it was best to just keep it small, the people on the estate and Molly and Jenn.  Justin wanted to talk to Molly and then he would set up whatever he needed to do for a visit with Craig.  Molly wanted to see him with Justin and if she wanted to talk to him alone he would give them some time and vice versa.  Justin promised to call Molly on Tuesday after her first day of her senior year and let her know what he found out.


Tuesday morning, Gus woke up very early.  He crawled into bed with Justin and Brian. “Dads, you awake?” He asked as he kissed each of them and patted their cheeks.


“Son, the sun isn’t even up yet.” Brian said very groggily, putting his arms around Gus.  “Are you sure you don’t want to sleep another hour?


Justin rolled over and smiled as he watched Gus snuggle against Brian. “Daddy, I don’t think I can sleep right now.  I mean I know I met my teacher and he was nice but what if I can’t find my classroom and what if I don’t find anyone to talk to?”


“Oh, Gus, you will be fine. You just have to remember that everyone else in your class is probably a little scared, too.  Just be nice to everyone and I bet by the end of the week you’ll have a new friend or two.” Brian kissed his son.


“Hey, guys, can I get in on the snuggle fest?” Justin moved close and Gus turned and had one arm draped over each of them. He pushed their heads together and they kissed. “Good morning, Brian.”


“Good morning, Sunshine.” Brian said and kissed him again. 


“Daddies, do you need to check on the babies?”


“Ronni kept Jessi in her room last night and Aaron was still sleeping, wasn’t he?”


“He was.  I’m glad he is sharing my room now. I love him.” He flipped over and snuggled down between them for about 2 minutes before he sat up again. 


Justin smiled over at Brian.  “Gus, why don’t you go get the clothes we laid out for you last night and bring them in here so you don’t wake Aaron up when you get ready.”


“Ok, Daddy J.” Gus said as he crawled over Brian.  Brian’s reaction told him Gus had nailed him in his morning hard on.  Justin quickly moved over and kissed him as he let his hand move down, “Do I need to kiss it?”


“Fuck, I will expect that later.” He pulled him close and kissed him


“How is your leg feeling?”


Brian moved his leg a bit.  “It is still a little stiff but it is definitely better than yesterday.  I texted Ted last night that I wouldn’t be coming in first thing.  I figured I would take it slow this morning and go in late and then I can pick up Gus at the end of the day so I will have a few minutes with our boy.”


“What about your boy?” Gus asked as he walked into the bedroom.


“Your daddy is going to pick you up after school today,” Justin said.


“Really, Daddy? You would leave work to pick me up?”


“Gus, you know if I could I would pick you up every day but I have to work sometimes. But today, I will pick you up at the end of the day.”


Gus and Justin dressed and Brian pulled on his trunks and a robe.  “I thought the hot tub might help my leg. You go ahead and eat breakfast.  I will eat before I leave for work.” Brian walked out the back door and Justin watched him lower himself into the hot water. 


“Alright, Gus, what would you like for breakfast?” As Gus ate his breakfast Ronni handed Jessi over to Justn and he fed her while Ronni got Aaron. 


“Daddy J.  I am going to miss her.  I haven’t ever been away from her.”


“Oh, Gus, I think you know how I will feel.  I know you have been away and you lived with your moms part of the time but you are my son.  I think about you all the time and I know you are ready for school and I know you will do so well.” Justin stood up and handed Jessi over to Ronni. “Why don’t you go say goodbye to you dad and I will grab your backpack.”


Gus ran out of the house and looked at Brian over the protective fence.  “Bye, Daddy, you won’t forget to pick me up, will you?”


“I will be there at 2:30. I love you, Gus. You have a great day.”


“I love you, too, Daddy. Bye!”


Justin drove Gus to school and walked him into the building.  “Do you remember where your room is?”


“I think so,” Gus started down the hall. Soon they were in Gus’ room and after the teacher greeted him, it was time for Justin to say goodbye.  “Bye, Daddy J. I will see you when I get home.”


“Alright, Gus.  You have a great day.” Gus hugged him and Justin walked rapidly out of the building and got into the SUV. He took a couple very deep breaths. How did their little boy grow up so fast? But he was a great kid.  They were doing a good job.  He didn’t want to think about Lindz coming back.  She could have visitation but she was not taking him from their family.  Just then his phone pinged and he looked at the message. It was Molly, reminding him he had to call the lawyer’s office.  He assured her he would.  


When he arrived home, Brian was dressed in a suit and finishing some fruit and yogurt.  “Damn, I was hoping I could catch you before you were dressed.”


“I tried to hold off but Cynthia texted and I have to get to the office.”


“Let me know if you can’t pick up Gus.” Justin walked over and kissed him.


“I will make it to pick him up. I don’t care what I am doing, I will get there on time.  I have the timer set on my phone.” He drained his cup and then stood up, taking Justin in his arms.  “I love you.  Let me know how your phone call goes.”


“Love you, too.”


Brian stopped and scooped Aaron up and kissed his head.  “I will see you when I bring your brother home.” He set him back down and rushed out the door to the garage.


Ronni walked out of her room.  “That little sweetheart is sleeping.  Did Brian leave?”


“He did.  I’m glad he isn’t limping as much as he was.”


“Brian is doing fine.  He is still wearing the boot for a reason.”


“You’re right.  I am going to go make the call to my father’s lawyer. Our lawyer contacted him so he is expecting my call.” He walked back to the office.  Justin made the call.  By the time he got off the phone, he and Molly were meeting their father at the law office at 4:30.  The lawyer assured him that Brian’s lawyer had contacted the judge and the restraining order was waived as long as they were there with the lawyer. Justin had to stop himself from laughing when he said Craig had changed so much.


“Sir, we both know that isn’t true.  I am doing this for my sister and to assure him he is not welcome anywhere near me or my family.  I will be there with Molly tomorrow.” Before leaving the office, he texted his mom and Molly the details.


Justin spent most of the day painting.  He ate lunch with Aaron but then went back up to the studio while he napped.  Justin had finished the wedding painting for Em and James before they had gone down to Atlanta so now he had started a picture of his little girl and had another one planned for all three kids. 


 


Brian left his office right on time and was parked in the pickup line as the school bell rang. Soon Gus had gotten in the back seat and Brian made sure he buckled up. “So how was the first day of school?”


“Oh, Daddy, it was so much fun.” Gus told him about the activities and the kids.


“Gus, how does some ice cream sound? We can eat it and talk so I can see you while you talk.”


“Yes, PLEASE!”


A half hour later Gus had talked himself out and Brian picked up the tired, sticky boy and carried him to his car.  The extra weight didn’t help his leg but once Gus was snapped into his car seat and Brian got back behind the wheel it felt much better right away. By the time they arrived home, Justin was waiting for them. He walked into the garage and saw Gus sound asleep in the backseat. “I figured you were alright but, where the hell were you!” He wasn’t yelling but his tone of voice let Brian know he messed up.


“I am sorry, Sunshine.  You are right.  I should have called you.  Gus was so excited we stopped for ice cream so he could tell me all about his day. Am I forgiven?” Brian pulled Justin close and wrapping his arms around Justin’s waist pulled him tightly against him. His lips traveled down Justin’s neck as his hands undid his fly. He pulled Justin by the hand to a corner of the garage. Justin quickly undid Brian’s fly and soon both of them had their pants down and Brian pressed Justin against a work table and entered him.  It was quick and rough and when they had finished they stood in each other’s arms.  


“I can’t think of a better way for you to apologize.” They kissed just as they heard the car door open and shut.  They quickly zipped up and went to meet him.  Justin scooped up the boy and Brian was forgotten as Gus repeated his day to Daddy J.


 


Natalia had taken over for Ronni with the kids and Ronni put dinner together before she finished for the day. After dinner, there were baths to give and then it was bedtime.  By the time Brian and Justin fell into bed, they were both tired and Justin hadn’t even told him yet about the meeting. They lay together after making love in the shower and Justin told Brian about the meeting.


“Do you know what you are going to say to him?” Brian held onto him tightly.


“Most of it will depend on what he says to Molly.  But I am guessing I will tell him he is never welcome at our house ever.”


“Do you want me to go with you?”


“Thanks, Bri, but I need to show him I am man enough to do this without you and I can take care of my family.  I am not a faggot.  I am a gay man who has done well and am just as strong as any straight guy.”


“I know that darling.  You are the strong person I know and no matter what happens, you are the strongest person I know.”


“I love you, Brian.  I think Gus was as excited to have ice cream one on one with you as he was about his first day of school.” 


“Now that I am thinking about it, didn’t you promise to kiss something and make it better this morning?”


“Well now that you mention it…” Justin slipped under the blankets and within seconds Brian felt Justin’s warm mouth close around his cock and as Justin went to work Brian’s back began to arch and soon he cried out as Justin milked him.


Justin came back up and kissed Brian deeply, sharing his own taste with him.  “And that, my darling husband, is why our boys are sharing a room and our daughter is in the nursery.”


“I think we better get to sleep.  I have to go in early tomorrow.  Gus will be riding the carpool, right?”


“Yes, he will be picked up at 7:45.  I plan to work in my studio most of the day. I think it will be the best way for me to center myself. I ….I am too tired to talk about it.  I will figure out what needs to be said.  I know why I am saying it.  It is knowing I am helping Molly and whatever I do is for my family and family is always there for me.”


Soon Justin was asleep but Brian couldn’t seem to sleep.  If Craig did anything that hurt his family he would make him regret it.  He planned to meet him at the gate of the prison tomorrow and Craig would have no doubt Brian meant it. 

 

Chapter 8 by Simply written

Chapter 8


 


Brian and Justin lay in bed after making love.  “I guess we better get moving.  At least Gus didn’t wake before the sun this morning.” Justin kissed Brian once more before rolling out of bed the other way. Brian dropped his feet to the floor and together they walked to the bathroom and into the shower. They stood under the large shower head and out of habit started washing each other.


“How are you feeling?” Brian asked as his soapy hands roamed Justin’s back.


“I’m good. I have to admit I am a little nervous because I don’t know how I will handle it. I want to stay calm and unemotional but I am afraid that won’t happen.”


“That isn’t who you are but you are not reckless or flighty. Show him what a wonderful man you are.  The number of friends you have should show him how much you are loved.”


Justin rinsed off the soap and stepped out and Brian followed.  As they dried off Justin said, “Any plans today? Any idea when you will be home?”


“I am going to do my best to be home by the time Gus gets here.  He has a full day today, right?”


“Yes, with the drive home he should be home about 3:30. Can you really get home that early?” 


“I hope to.  It is supposed to be a warm day and I thought we could take a swim.”


“He will love that.  I plan to check with the agency and start looking for a nanny.  Ronni needs to lighten her load and Natalia is going to be having surgery soon and then is probably moving.”


Brian pulled him close and kissed him.  “Thanks for taking care of all of us but make sure you ask for help if you need it.”


“I won’t.  I need to get moving.” Justin slipped on a robe. “I will get Gus ready for school and see you downstairs.” Soon Gus was ready for school and Justin walked downstairs with Gus at his side and Aaron in his arms.  Ronni already had Jessi Anne downstairs and she had had a bottle.  She was sitting on the counter in a bouncy chair. Ronni spoke to her as she put breakfast together for everyone.  


Gus ran and hugged Ronni, “Good Morning. How is the baby?”


“The wee one is doing well. Now sit down so you are done eating by the time your car comes.” As Ronni scooped up some eggs, fruit and toast for Gus, Brian walked in.  He kissed all three of the kids before sitting down himself. He looked at his watch.  He needed to get moving if he was going to be waiting for Craig.  


“Ronni, can I have a bagel with cream cheese and coffee to go?”  Brian walked over and kissed Justin.  “I have to get going.  Something came up.” He brought his mouth to Justin’s ear, “And it wasn’t me this time.” He stepped away.  “Call me if you need anything.  Let me know when you have dropped Molly off.”


They kissed once more, “Love you, Brian.  Have a good day.” After a quick kiss for each of the kids, Brian was gone.


“Justin, I thought you and Brian were going to try to get a weekend away.  It has been a long time since you have had a weekend away,” Ronni commented.


“We have talked about it but we need to wait and see what happens today,” he was careful with what he said with Gus near. “Gus, run and brush your teeth.  Your ride will be here in five minutes.”  Gus got up and went to brush his teeth.  “Ronni, once we know everything is settled with my father, we will plan something.  I am hoping by the end of the month we will be able to take a couple days away.  It might only be to the loft but it would be a little break. And as you get further along, you don’t need added stress.” Gus came running down the steps.  “Grab your backpack.”  Justin smiled down on his son and as he watched him walk to the car Gus turned and waved and Justin waved back.


When Justin came back in the house, Nat had arrived and was cleaning up breakfast while Ronni took care of Aaron and Jessi slept.  He went upstairs to work on his paintings.  He needed something to do to deal with his nerves.


 


Brian hoped Justin hadn’t watched him leave because when he got to the road he turned the opposite direction of the city.  Brian reviewed what he was going to say as he drove and he realized he had no idea what he would say. He drove almost two hours and told the office to transfer all his calls to the car in case Justin called.  As Brian pulled into the parking lot he was stopped at the gate.  


“Good morning, sir, if you are looking for the visitors lot it is the next driveway,” the young guard said politely. 


“My father in law is being released today. Craig Taylor?”


“Oh, yes, sir.  His lawyer is already here.  He must have forgotten to mention you coming.” The gate opened and he waved Brian to go in.”


Brian drove in.  He recognized the litigator from the courtroom and pulled in next to him. Brian got out of the car and stood next to it.  The lawyer approached him. “Mr. Kinney, I didn’t expect you to be here.  Your husband is meeting with his father later today.  Did something happen? He never mentioned…”


“He doesn’t know I’m here.”


“You know I had to represent him and now I feel obligated to see it through.  Please, tell me you aren’t here to cause trouble.” 


Brian felt for the attorney.  He had been assigned Craig’s case after the trial. He actually had managed the case very well, contacting Justin along the way over the last year, letting him know where Craig stood in his parole along the way.  “I’d appreciate it if you didn’t tell Justin I was here this morning.  I have no doubt that Craig will tell him but I am hoping he has learned something in this place.”


“What are you planning to do? If I had known you wanted to talk to him, you could have taken him back to Pittsburgh and saved me the trip.”


“I am not sure he would have made it. I just want him to know he is not to come near our home. Having you here will give me a witness.  Not to mention the fact that there is still a restraining…”


“Brian, there is no restraining order active at this time. The one that was in place has expired and , although Craig has been warned, unless there is a reason there won’t be another order put in place.”


“What the hell are you talking about?” Brian stopped for a minute.  “I should have realized that but just can’t imagine…”


“Brian, he did go through counseling while he was in there and I have been assured that he understands what he did was wrong.”


“And you believe it?”


“I think he believes it because of what it cost him.”


Brian could see movement inside the prison fence. “I have one question before he arrives.  Where is he going from here?”


“He has been assigned to a parole officer who is supposed to have an apartment lined up for him.  Once I drive him to the city and he meets with his family, I will turn him over and will officially be done with him unless he gets into trouble again having to do with this case and then I might be assigned to him again because of our past history.”


The men being released were approaching the gate. Brian looked at the other people waiting.  He pegged a couple as attorneys.  There was one police van, which meant he probably had another sentence to finish somewhere. He noticed a few women, wives and girlfriends here to collect their husbands or boyfriends. The opening of the gate brought him back to the present.


“Brian, I am not leaving you alone.  I like you and Justin too much.” 


Brian heard his words but his eyes had already locked on Craig’s.  He took two steps away from the attorney and stopped until Craig was a few feet in front of him. He looked past Brian to his lawyer and then looked back at Brian.


“What are you doing here? I want to see my son, not you,” Craig said, trying to sound nonchalant.


“I have something to say to you and then I really hope I don’t have to see your face again.”   


“Kinney,” Craig said in the same snide voice he used to use and then he stopped.  “I’m listening.”


“I love my husband and my family.  You have nothing to do with any of my family.  You lost that right when you kidnapped your own son and locked him away from those who loved him.  You will see him later today along with the daughter you don’t deserve. “


“What about my baby?” Craig blurted out.


“You don’t have a baby. Our children are none of your concern since you will not be seeing us again, none of us.”  Brian tried to keep his voice steady.


“I don’t think you have any say in whether my daughter or sons see me again.”


The fact that he used the plural for son had Brian taking a step closer. “You only have one son and he has let you know what he feels about you.  My son is a beautiful boy full of life who doesn’t want to give up his bottle and loves to run after his big brother and to kiss his little sister…” Shit, Brian thought.  He wasn’t going to mention Jessi.


“Someone else gave you a kid to raise? Doesn’t anyone want their children raised in a normal family?”


“A normal family? Kidnapping your own adult child is normal?”


“I think I am ready to go.” Craig looked at his lawyer who looked like he was on a phone call. He held up a finger asking for a minute.


“Craig, I’m leaving but remember, you come near my property or my family and the best circumstance is you will get another restraining order served again.  The worst, use your imagination.” Brian patted the lawyer’s shoulder as he walked back to the SUV and drove away.


As Brian headed toward Pittsburgh his phone rang and he answered it.  “Brian, Justin just called and when you didn’t answer your phone he called back to the office hoping I could connect you. Are you on your way in?” Cynthia sounded stressed.


“I am over an hour away. I will call Justin.”


“Brian, I do not like lying to him. You two have too good a relationship to lie to him.”


“Cynthia, I am protecting my family. That asshole ….I don’t trust him. He hasn’t changed.” Brian hesitated and then said, “Is there anything on my calendar you can’t move around or that I can’t do from my home office?”


“No, I don’t think so.  I can send over the campaigns that need to be reviewed.  I will send any questions I have to you and will mark what I need today and what can wait until tomorrow.”


“Go talk to Sunshine.  Come clean. He is going to be angry but better to tell him then have him find out on his own.”


“I’ll talk to you later.” Brian hung up and turned onto a different road that took him back home.”


 


Why didn’t you tell me Kinney was going to be here?” Craig asked the lawyer as he put away his phone and he pulled into traffic.


“I didn’t know he would be here until he drove up but I think what he said was pretty legit and he did not threaten you in any way so…” 


“You don’t call what he said at the end…”


“Oh, I missed the last of your conversation.  I was on my phone.”


“Of course you didn’t.” Craig got into the lawyer’s car.  “Am I really going to meet with my two oldest children today?”


“Craig, just to clarify, you have no claim to their son. They are the parents listed on the birth certificate.  You asked me to check and I did. The birth mother was only listed on the hospital records but she signed away all rights. As far as I could tell she has not been back since she left.”


“But I can prove he is my son and I didn’t sign any adoption papers!”


“Craig, you are an ex-con who was in prison for kidnapping and mistreating your other son.  And as far as I know you have absolutely no money.”


“I still have my business.  I am planning on working at my own business.”


“Craig, Justin owns the business.  I have been told you have a job if you want it there but you are working for your son.”


“The hell I am.  He’ll turn it back to me.  I know he will.  I’m his father.  He always had a conscience. He won’t let me suffer.”


The lawyer glanced at him and shook his head.  So much for changing.   They rode in silence the remainder of the way into the city.  Craig had to meet with his parole officer and the lawyer couldn’t get away from him quick enough.           


 


Brian walked into the house with no warning. Ronni looked up. “What has brought you home at noon? Are you sick? Is your leg hurting?”                                           


Brian walked over and kissed Aaron who was playing on the floor banging on plastic bowls with a wooden spoon. “I’m fine.  Where’s Sunshine?”


“He is in the studio. Are you going to make him mad?”


“Probably? Has he had lunch?”


“No, in fact that is what I have here.  I was going to bring it up to him.”


“I’ll take it up and we can talk while we eat.”


Ronni put more food on the tray.  “You will need to eat, too. What is going on, Brian?”


“I haven’t been to work today.  I went to see his father.” Brian picked up the tray and walked to the garage door.                                                                                                                                                                                                        


Justin was focused on his canvas, “Thanks, Ronni, just set it on the table.  I promise I will eat it as soon as I finish with this color.”


“I hope you don’t mind if I eat with you.” Brian slipped his arms around Justin’s waist and kissed the curve of his neck.


“Bri, what are you doing here? You don’t have to babysit me.  I am doing fine.”


Brian stared at the painting Justin was working on.  “That is so Jessica Anne.  You got the twinkle she always has when she is happy and her smile…”


“Why are you here, babe?” Justin stepped out of his arms and cleaned his brush and then moved to the sink to wash his hands. Brian started taking the food off the tray and onto the table and then moved the tray off the small table as Justin sat down at the small spread Ronni had put together. “I didn’t realize I was so hungry.  I lose track of time painting and then when I get reminded.”


Brian reached over and took Justin’s hand. “Sunshine, I ….we need to talk.”


“Brian that is never a good way to start a conversation.  It usually means there is a major issue.  I don’t think you are having an affair with a woman or a man.” He reached with his free hand and stroked Brian’s cheek.  “You didn’t get a bad report on your leg, did you?”


“Justin, please let me do this.” Brian stood and walked to the window. “I didn’t go to work this morning.”


“You didn’t go to work?”


“No, I drove to see your father released.”


“You what?” Justin jumped up, tipping his chair over backwards. “Shit, I didn’t mean to do that. But what in the hell did you go to the prison for? You didn’t hit him, did you? I am going to take care of him.  Didn’t you think I could take care of it?”


Brian turned and looked at Justin.  He was a force to be reckoned with. Why did he always think he had to handle everything? “Sunshine, I am sorry.  I know I should have let you handle it and I know you are very capable but you know I am a control freak and I needed to tell him that… Oh, Justin I screwed up.  I told him about Jessi.  I didn’t mean to but I was talking to him and he made me angry and I didn’t lose it but I told him about her. I should have left it alone and if my leg wasn’t throbbing, I would fall on my knees and beg your forgiveness.”


Justin couldn’t be too angry with him.  He could tell Brian really felt bad. Justin couldn’t think of anything that would take his mind off his father better than make up sex. He turned away from Brian and walked across the studio dropping onto the Murphy bed that he kept down most of the time in case he needed a nap.


“Sunshine, darling,” Brian walked over the bed and sat next to him. “Please forgive me.  I am sure he will do plenty when you talk to him that you can get angry about.”


Now Brian did smile, “I have no doubt about that.” He touched Brian’s cheek and Brian pulled him close and kissed him deeply. When they separated, they both yanked off their shirts and then got rid of the rest of their clothes.


“Fuck, this stupid boot.” 


“Bri, we can deal with this. Drive me crazy with your lips and tongue and then I will ride you as long as you can hold out.”


“Now that sounds like a challenge.” Brian pushed him backward.  Damn he wanted to straddle him and decided if he did it right…” He flipped one leg over Justin and then he thoroughly kissed Justin’s face but then he moved so his cock hung right above Justin’s mouth, keeping him just out of reach. When Justin tried to reach for it Brian pinned his hands above his head. 


When Brian slid over Justin’s erection he could feel precum on the tip and he grabbed Justin’s arms and rolled over, taking Justin with him.  Justin immediately positioned himself and sighing loudly as he impaled himself on Brian’s shaft. Brian grabbed Justin’s hips and added power to drive himself in as far as possible. It didn’t take long before Justin shot cum far enough for Brian to taste it. As Justin continued to move he contracted around Brian and he could hold on no longer. He thrust upward with his hips and he filled Justin as he again came but with little projection this time.

 

“Damn, I wish I could stay in bed with you

Chapter 9 by Simply written

AllChapter 9


“I can’t believe you planned all this while I bought Molly’s car.” Justin said as he ran his hand down Brian’s arm and Brian caught it in his.

“I wish I could take full credit for it. I had mentioned that I wanted to have a night away from the kids and while you were signing papers. I texted asking if we could go to dinner before coming home and five minutes later she called and told me Em and James are sleeping in our room and helping with the kids.  Nat will be around part of the time although she has rehearsal for next week's show.

“And of course, Molly will be there.  We both know our kids are in great hands.  I mean there will be two people for every child.” Justin brought Brian’s hand to his mouth and gently began to lick each finger tip.

Brian growled low in his throat. “Damn, if you keep that up I am going to have to pull over and take you in the alley.”

“We are only a couple blocks from the loft. I think you will make it.  Have you planned dinner? Are we going to order something in?”

“Oh, no, Sunshine.  Do you know how long it has been since I have shown you off in public?”

“Well, I showed you off in Atlanta.”

“Yes, but tonight we are eating at a new place.  It just opened and, do you remember, Jeff? He used to be a bartender at Babylon.”

“Was he that brunette who was so built?”

“Maybe we won’t eat at his place if you remember him that well.”

“If I remember right you hooked up with him more than once so I should be the wary one.”

Brian pulled into the little parking area next to the loft.  The neighborhood had been renovated.  Brian had actually bought up most of the real estate and then rented it out to up and coming young entrepreneurs.  

“When did you renovate the first floor of the loft?”

“Just before we left for Atlanta.  Some bartender wanted to open a new restaurant.” Brian said as he got out of the SUV.

“We’re going to eat in our building?”

“Yes.  It is a small bistro.  Right now it only sits about 50 and the bar holds another 40.”

“That’s not a good sign that you could get a reservation so quickly.”

“Oh, Sunshine, there will always be a table for us there.”

“What’s it called?”

Brian pulled Justin into his arm.  “He named it Pansy. Well, that’s the name of the restaurant but the bar is called Sunshine’s Place.”

“Brian, you had them name the bar after me?” Justin stepped on his tiptoes and kissed him.

“Jeff wasn’t sure what to name the bar.  Because there was a separate entrance to it he decided he wanted it to be separate.  They serve a small menu there, mostly sandwiches and appetizers while I hear the bistros menu changes frequently with specials each day.”

“What time is our reservation?”

“He has the table for us at 7:30 but since we haven’t even had lunch Jeff said he would have a bag at the door,” Brian looked at his phone, “about now. It will just have a couple sandwiches for us.”

“Ummm,” Justin said as Brian pulled him onto the elevator and pressed him against the wall. “This reminds me of…” Brian’s mouth crushed his. The elevator stopped and Justin mumbled, “I always wished the loft was on at least the fifth floor.” Justin reached for the gate and opened it. Brian draped an arm around his shoulders and they walked out.

“Damn,” Brian said as he slid the door open, “It has been a while since you and I have spent the night here.

Justin bent and grabbed the bag that was sitting by the door.  “This is the heaviest sandwich I’ve ever held.”  He carried the brown bag in and set it on the counter.

Brian sat down on one of the stools and looked into the bag, “Awe, I see the weight issue.” He pulled out a very nice bottle of champagne.  He pulled out two styrofoam containers and Justin opened them.  There were two large sandwiches in one and in the other there was a fruit salad.  Brian pulled an envelope out of the bag while Justin got plates. 

The note said, ‘Brian and Justin, I have given you a couple sandwiches to try.  The muffuletta is one of our specialties and if I remember right, turkey on wheat, no mayo was your signature.  If you need anything else just call downstairs and I will have someone bring it up.  I didn’t want you to eat too much knowing you were coming down for dinner.  Jeff’

“This looks really good. I didn’t realize how hungry I was.  Do we want to finish what we started on the lift or eat first?” Justin asked.

“Let’s eat.  Then we have five or six hours to play before dinner.”

“Damn, I love the way you think.” Justin kissed him as he sat down next to him.

After they shared half of each sandwich and some of the fruit salad they were both full.  “How much did he think we could eat?” Justin groaned.

“I haven’t had a turkey sandwich like that in a long time and that muffuletta…”

“If those sandwiches are any hint of what the rest of the food is like, I am going to explode before the night is done.”

“Well, I have a feeling you and I will explode within the next fifteen minutes.”

“Let’s go test your prediction as soon as I put this in the fridge.” Justin packed everything up quickly and efficiently before tucking them in the fridge. Justin turned around and ran directly into Brian who was totally naked.  “How the hell did you do that so… oh, who the hell cares.” Justin dropped to his knees and took Brian’s dick in his mouth. He grabbed Brian’s ass and as he took all of him in his mouth he inserted his finger behind. 

Brian only held on for a few moments before he spewed all he had into Justin’s mouth. Brian held on to the counter as Justin slowly licked from root to head. “God, Sunshine, have I told you how much I love you lately!”

Justin stood, “Yes, you have but I never tire of hearing it. Have I told you that you are as beautiful as the first night I met you.”

“Remind me to make an appointment at the optometrist for you.”

“Brian,” Justin said as Brian pulled his shirt off.  “Do you think we should call home and just make….shit, Molly was supposed to let us know…..she should have been home half an hour ago.”

“Check your phone.  Maybe you just didn’t hear it.” Justin wasn’t sure when Brian had undid his pants but he stepped out of them.  His phone was at the end of the counter and he picked it up just as it pinged.  It said, ‘Sorry, Gus and Aaron wanted to play right away.  The car is amazing, Justin.  Thank you so much.’

He texted back, ‘Mollusk, love you.  That is as much your money as mine.  It all came from him.’

‘Love you, too, and you know you never were told to share it.  I’m going to go play with your boys.  You go play with you boy.’ 

Brian had walked up behind him and was reading the messages as he took off Justin’s briefs. “I knew I loved your sister.  Let’s go play.”

An hour later they lay on the bed.  Their skin glistened as they caught their breath.

“I don’t think we are as young as we used to be. I remember doing that all night, taking a 30 minute nap and working all day.  “Or go to school in my case.” Justin rolled over and put his head on Brian’s chest. “Let’s take a short nap and then we can go another couple rounds.”

“That sounds perfect.” Brian kissed the top of his head and they both fell asleep. 


Four hours later, Justin stretched and looked at his phone. “Shit, Brian, we slept three hours!”

He stretched leisurely.  “I guess we were tired.  Good thing we can go down to a relaxing dinner and then come back up here and will be well rested to continue what we had started.  I have to admit I feel more rested than I have in weeks.” He stretched his injured leg, “And I really think this leg is finally healed.  Next week I go back and I hope he tells me I can get rid of this stupid boot.”

“Can we go take a relaxing shower?”

“Oh, ya!  How about not so relaxing?”

Justin jumped out of bed and moved toward the bathroom.  “I’ll get the water set.”

“Shit we are getting old,” Brian said as he walked into the shower.

“Speak for yourself!” Justin said, kissing him in the middle of his chest. “Your leg must really be feeling better.  You walked in here with very little limp.”

“I think I am leaving the boot up here tonight.” Brian turned Justin so his back was to him and started running a bar of soap over him. He took a deep breath. “This soap, it’s different from what we have at home.”

“It is. Just the smell of it…. takes me back.”

“I think I like ours at home better but, damn, I remember this sent all over you.” Brian inhaled Justin’s skin and just for good measure he gently bit his neck. Justin dropped his head against Brian’s chest. Justin let Brian guide him against the glass wall and then he entered him. “You are not nearly as tight as you used to be,” Brian laughed.

“Don’t tell me that.  That is the fear of every gay bottom, is that someday….”

“Sunshine, I was kidding. You are and always will be the most amazing lover I can imagine.” He continued to move leisurely. “From the first night you had a natural instinct like no one I ever fucked.”

Brian started moving much quicker and as he did Brian reached around and began to slide his hand up and down Justin’s shaft and they both came. Brian brought his mouth to Justin’s ear.  “I love you more every day.”

Justin turned in his arms and kissed him. Pressing their wet, slick bodies together. “I will always be yours. And now we need to get ready to go.” He took Brian’s hand and led him out of the shower.


Justin scrounged through the closet, still naked.  “Damn, do I have any clothes left here?  I know you end up sleeping here once in a while if you have a late or early morning.  It has been a long time since I stayed here.” He bent and looked in the bottom drawer.

Brian sat on the edge of the bed pulling on his socks, “Why don’t you look further back in the closet,” he said as he leered at Justin’s ass in the air. “Damn if you don’t put something on in the next few seconds we may never get out of here.”

Justin stood up with a pair of shoes.  He now had pants and shoes and could wear one of Brian’s shirts and his socks. He got dressed quickly in a pair of black slacks and a burgundy shirt.  He slipped the loafers on and then took a moment to look at Brian. As Brian stood, Justin whistled. “Christ, you are a god! If I wasn’t so hungry,” Justin walked over to Brian who stood in a simple white button down and khakis. “I would say to forget dinner.”  They kissed leisurely. 

“I hope you are in the mood to dance because I plan to have your body against me most of the night.” Brian increased the pressure to Justin’s mouth and Justin sighed. 

“I am sure I wouldn’t starve.  We could finish the sandwich…” Justin said after forcing himself to take a step backward.

“I want to be seen with my beautiful husband and see how jealous everyone is.” 

“Brian, I am the one who will have to be chasing men away all night.” Justin reached for Brian’s hand.  “We better go before they give away our reservations.”

“Let’s go enjoy ourselves.  We haven’t had a night out for far too long.” Brian tossed his arm around Justin’s shoulders and they left the loft.


The restaurant was cheerful and welcoming.  A majority of the customers were gay men but there were a few straight couples in for good measure. “Hey, guys, so glad you could join us tonight.” Jeff, the owner greeted them. He had watched them walk in and be seated thinking both of them had only gotten better with age.  He had contact with Brian from time to time but he hadn’t seen Justin, in person, for a long time. “Would you like to see the menus or can I tell our chef to make the choices for you?”

Brian looked at Justin and Justin nodded. “That sounds great, Jeff.”

“Is there anything you don’t like?”

“No, if it is made well we will eat it. Looks like you have a nice crowd.”

“We usually have a full house.” Someone waved Jeff over. “Excuse me, I will get your order in and catch you later.”

“Will you dance with me while we wait for our food?” Brian stood and Justin took his hand.  The music was slow and romantic.  “Now what were we doing back in Babylon days?  This is much more…” his mouth dropped on Justin’s.

“I must agree on that note although all that body friction and nakedness had its appeal.” 

When the song ended they stopped by a table with old friends and then saw their appetizers were being dropped off. They walked back and Brian pulled Justin’s chair out. He kissed Justin’s cheek as he pushed it back in.

“How is your leg holding up?” Justin asked as he dipped some crusty bread in a crock of cheese sauce. His face showed his pleasure.

“That good, huh? And, not that you remember the question, but my leg feels great right now.”  Justin dipped another piece of the bread and offered it to Brian. Brian opened his mouth and took the bread off the fork. He chewed it slowly, “Damn, that is good.”

To go along with the heavy bread and cheese there were thinly sliced, marinated vegetables.  The tartness of the pickled vegetables along with the fatty cheese, matched perfectly.  The waiter came over and removed the finished plates.  Justin reached over and linked his fingers with Brian’s. I don’t think I knew I needed this night as bad as I did. Things are going great at the house but with Ronni pregnant and Nat about to be out, and face it, we both know she is leaving.  She is excited and hurting all at once.”

“Don’t look now but the cause of her pain just walked in the door.” Brian raised a hand greeting as Father Tom walked over. “Hey, Tom, how are you? I’m surprised to see you out with a date.”

“Not a date.” He turned and said to the man he walked in with, “Just grab our table.  I will be there in a minute.” The man responded and followed the host to a table at the other side of the bistro.  “That is my cousin.  He happens to be gay, also.  I told him about this place and haven’t been here myself so it is a perfect time to come.” 

“We miss you, Tom.” Justin said simply.  “So does Nat.”

Brian squeezed Justin’s hand, “Sunshine…”

“I know we weren’t going to get involved but he has a right to know. She has surgery in a couple weeks and then after her recovery, she is moving to Atlanta.”

“Tom, do you care about her at all?” Brian asked bluntly.

“I better go join my cousin. I…” Tom hesitated.  “I don’t…. My calling…”

“You can be called to another kind of service, like my father.  If you love her, I think, no, I know Dad would have a job for you.”

Without a word Tom walked away.

“Bri, that was a lot to lay on him out in public.” Justin let go of Brian’s hand as their server brought them a fall pumpkin soup.

“He needs to get some balls and know that the priesthood isn’t the only way he can do good.  And we both know he is just fooling himself.”

“I think he will be doing a lot of thinking now.  So let’s taste this soup.”

The evening continued. They ate. They danced until Brian’s leg got tired. They talked, at first about the kids, then about their family, and then about their future. 

“Sunshine, I will be an old man and you will still look like you are in your twenties.”

“Brian Kinney, even if that was true and it will not be, I will love you until our last day on earth.  Gus, Aaron, and Jessi Anne will be there to help us as we get old. One of them will live in Britin and we will have a small house to the side.  If we’re lucky the other two will live close and we will be the…”

“Watch it Mr. Taylor if you were going to say grandparents.”

Neither of them noticed Tom walk up. “Brian, may I have a dance with your husband. Justin, may I have a dance?”

“Sure, Tom.” Justin walked on to the dance floor with him.  The dance had barely started when Justin felt Tom tremble. “Tom, are you alright?”

“Justin, you know how I feel about Nate.”

“Do you feel that way about Natalia?”

“Of course I do. It’s the soul I love, and I will love whatever body that soul is in.”

“Well, Tom, as long as you are a priest, that soul can be yours but not the body, and it is not fair to her if you can’t give 100%.”

“I know.” A tear rolled down Tom’s cheek.  

“I would say you have about two months to make your decision but if she goes without you, don’t chase after him.  Make it a clean break.  Go with her or make it a clean break.” The music faded out and Justin kissed Tom’s cheek.  “Call Kevin.  He always seems to know what to do.” Justin walked over and Brian stood to greet him.

“I hope you don’t mind,” Brian said after kissing his cheek.  “I got our dessert to go.”

“That is perfect,” Justin said, leaning against Brian.

“What did you and Tom talk about?”

“We can talk about it upstairs.”

“Ok, Sunshine.”

“Brian, promise me we will do this every couple months.” All of a sudden Justin needed Brian more than ever.

“I promise, Justin.” They stepped onto the elevator together.

“After talking to Tom it just showed me again how lucky we are that we met the first time and then when you tracked me down.” They stepped off the elevator. “Take me to bed, Brian.”

“It will be my pleasure.”

Brian opened the door and let Justin walk in. “Oh, my….” The apartment glowed. Everywhere Justin looked, there were candles and then he noticed the rose petals on the floor. “How did you…..” Justin felt Brian step up behind him and wrapped him in his arms.

“When was the last time you were pampered?” Brian said in his ear from behind. He dropped one arm and moved next to Justin guiding him into the loft and they closed the door. Justin started working at the buttons on Brian’s shirt. He dropped a kiss on Brian’s chest for each button he opened.  He tugged the back of the shirt out of Brian’s khakis.

“Slow down, Sunshine.  We have all night.” Brian linked his fingers with Justin and brought both pairs to the small of Justin’s back pulling him tightly against him. “Let’s take our time.” They walked down the path of flowers.  There was a faint scent of rose in the air and when they got to the steps Justin could see they continued into their bed.

“How did you do this?”

“I had a little help from Jeff.  He lent me a bus person for some assistance.” They climbed the steps and Brian bent Justin backward and kissed him, without breaking the kiss they straightened up and now it was Brian’s turn to unbutton Justin’s shirt. “Hell, that shirt never looked that good on me.” Brian slipped the shirt off Justin’s shoulders and then trailed kisses along his neck and shoulders as Justin shivered. Simultaneously, they unbuckled their belts and slipped out of their pants as they stepped to the bed. Together they fell onto the bed.

For several minutes they kissed and stroked each other’s skin and as they explored, their need began to grow. Brian pressed Justin flat on his back and Brian worked his way down Justin’s now quivering body. After several minutes Justin moved and pressed Brian onto the mattress.  He worked his way down and soon had his mouth gliding down Brian’s stomach and then followed the thin trail of hair lower. He ran his hands down Brian’s inner thighs until Brian cried out. “Sunshine, please….Enough.  I need you!”

“All you had to do was ask.”  Justin rolled off and was flat on his back. Brian tried to take it slow but by this point they were both so close to the edge, the moment Brian felt Justin close around him, he was gone.  He drove in fast and hard.  With Justin’s legs on Brian’s shoulders and their eyes locked, they both cried out as they crested and then came down slowly as their bodies and breath drifted back to their own little world.  Tonight they were the only two living there.


“Brian, I wonder how many times we have made love in this bed?” Justin’s finger trailed around Brian’s still damp chest.

“Oh, shit, I would need Ted to put those numbers together.”

“If you had any way of knowing you could tally it.  We could do an estimation of how many nights we spent together and how many times we made love a night and…”

Brian rolled over pinning Justin down, “Well, so far today we would add, three, no four to our total.

“And I have a feeling we might make that five,” Justin snagged a quick kiss.

“I could use a little sleep first.  My leg needs a break.”

“That might be a good idea.” Justin sat up, and opened the drawer, taking a pill out of a bottle and popping it. “I think I worked up an appetite.  Where did you set the dessert?”

“It’s on the counter.  Do you have a headache?”

“Maybe a little one.  It’s probably because I don’t have Ronni’s tea here to ward it off. I’ll be fine. I’m going to go get the box of dessert and two spoons.” He came back with two bottles of water and spoons in one hand and the box in the other. They half lay half sat as they ate triple chocolate cake.  Between the decadent layers of cake was more decadent mousse with layers of chunks of dark chocolate in between.

“Shit, this stuff could give me an orgasm without doing anything else.” Brian said as he drug his finger through the mousse and stuck it in Justin’s mouth. Justin’s tongue circled his finger making Brian sigh.

It was Justin’s turn to run his finger through the mousse but as Brian opened his mouth, Justin’s hand moved downward and traced the head of his own cock. “Want to lick it off?” 

“Damn, Sunshine!” As Brian moved down Justin’s body, Justin got the box off the bed and stretched out as Brian’s warm tongue began to lick.

It was nearly 3:00 a.m. before they both fell into a deep, blissful sleep.


Brian stretched and reached for Justin but his side of the bed was empty. He stood and followed the scent of coffee to the kitchen. “Good morning,” Justin smiled at Brian and kissed him. Brian pressed his naked body against his.

“Is that for me?” he nodded in the direction of the coffee mug. 

Justin handed it to him.  I thought you might need a pick me up right now.”

“Did you sleep as well as I did?”

Justin kissed him, “I did. I talked to Ronni, the kids are fine.” Justin smiled, “I could hear Aaron eating.  You know how he goes, ‘nom nom nom’ as he eats. I miss them. I love them all so much.”

“And I love you,” Brian set his almost empty mug on the counter. “I don’t know about you but I’m fuckin’ cold.  I hear that bed calling our names for one more round.  I mean how often can we sleep in flower petals.”

“Well,” Justin set his coffee cup down, “I guess we could do it nightly but it seems like a lot of flowers every night.” They walked hand in hand back to the bedroom. As they got laid down Justin said, “I love you more than anything. You know that right.”

“I never understood why but I am so glad you do.” 

Forty five minutes later they stood in the shower and by 10:00 they were downstairs having brunch in the bistro.  “You never told me what you and Father Tom talked about last night.” Brian said as he took a bite of quiche.

“I hope I did the right thing.  I told him Natalia was leaving after her recovery and I told him he had to decide what he loved more, the church or Nat. I told him to call your dad.”

“I am not sure it is any of our business but I know you are looking out for Natalia.”

“I’m looking out for both of them.  You know as well as I do they belong together. Neither of them will be completely happy without the other.”

“Just remember, Sunshine,” Brian reached over and took his hand, “You are a good friend but you have enough to think about.”

“I have said my piece.  I am not going to butt in again.” Justin took a bite of a buttery croissant. “Damn, this place doesn’t do anything bad.” They talked a little more about the kids and the staff they would need to hire. 

“Justin, do you have time to deal with all of this?”

“Ronni, is doing the initial reviews and when she has it narrowed down, I will make the final decision.  I think Emmett is helping, too, because if they like him or her, they might be able to share from time to time.”

“I should have known all of you had this although, I would like to be in on the final decision.  Other than you, that person is going to take care of the most precious people in the world.”

“If it helps we could hold those at your office.  We won’t hold any of them here.  We don’t want to let everyone know where our place is.”

“You think of everything. And where are two more staff going to live?”

“Bri, we have like five extra bedrooms.  I thought whoever we hire as a nanny will sleep next to the nursery. The other person will sleep upstairs until Ronni moves out.  When she and Dante have the house ready, which will be before the end of the year, that person will have her room.”

“You have everything worked out.”

“Ronni has everything worked out. The only downfall with the plan is we are going to have to put on a robe to go to the nursery.”

“Hell, whoever we hire will just have to get used to us naked. Ronni has.  So, what are we going to do for the rest of the day?”

“Can we just go home? I have a weird feeling and I just want all of us to be together.”

“Your dad?”

“It is probably just me missing the kids, but let’s go.”

Brian and Justin tried to pay for their breakfast but Jeff wouldn’t take anything.  As he rushed past he said, “This is your B&B.  Breakfast is included.” They didn’t argue.

As the men got to the SUV, Brian kissed Justin as he got into the vehicle and then Brian got in and pulled out.   “Look at that old bomb across the road.  Haven’t seen something like that here for a long time.”

Justin looked over at it.  “I’m sure Jeff keeps track of things like that.  If it stays there too long, he’ll have it towed.” 

As they drove off, something in the wreck moved and then the car started, did an illegal u turn and started following Brian and Justin.

 

When they arrived at Britin, Justin and Brian were warmly greeted by their boys and as Justin went over to Molly who held Jessi and kissed her forehead, the little girl beamed up at him.  “I missed her,” he said softly to Molly and then kissed her cheek.

By mid afternoon, it was time for Molly to leave.  She had plans with friends that evening and of course needed to show off her new, used car. She said goodbye to the kids and Brian and Justin walked her out. He wanted to warn her about his feelings but he didn’t want to scare her and he had nothing to back up his apprehension. “Be careful, Mol.”

“Justin, thanks again for the car.”  

“Molly, it wasn’t my money that bought it.  It was yours. You know the money I got from him was put into a trust for you. There is at least enough for you to go to college and get started in whatever career you choose.”

“I love you, Justin.” Molly hugged her brother.

“Love you, too, Mol.” 

As Molly left the estate, the rickety car followed Molly toward the city.


The next week, flew past as Nat prepared for her big debut.  She had thought about canceling it knowing she would be moving soon but she decided it would be worth the experience.  She knew she had a job waiting in Atlanta but she knew if she didn’t try this once, she would always wonder if she could do it and with the gowns his uncle had given her, his drag she had to try it.

Throughout the week Em and Ronni had reviewed resumes and then interviewed several people.  By the end of the work they had five people they wanted Brian and Justin to meet with.  They had two for the housekeeper position and three for the nanny position.  They felt all of these candidates were trustworthy so it was just a manner of personality.  Brian had cleared his schedule for the next Wednesday and they would offer the two positions by the end of the week.


By Friday,  Natalia was a bundle of nerves but she was as ready as she could be. “Nat, I am so proud of you. I knew I could never do those gowns justice but you,” Em looked at his cousin standing in front of the mirror at the venue.  “You are stunning and you seem so comfortable that way.”

“Uncle Emmy, thank you for everything you have done.  I will miss you so much when I move south but I want a clean break.  When I move there no one will know me as Nate so Nat I will be.  I don’t know if I will do drag there although I know they have plenty of places to do it. So this might be my first and only weekend as ‘Natalia the Marvelous’.”

Emmett draped his arms over Natalia, looking directly in her eyes and said, “You fly, baby.  You be the best you you can be.  I am glad you are going someplace you already have support. Sal and Brandy are perfect friends for you.  They will be there for you and Kevin, well, he is always there to help.” Em pulled Nat in for a hug, kissing her cheek.  “Nat, I am going to miss you.”

“I’m not gone yet.  I’m going to need your help next month.”

“I already have the guest room cleaned up for the first couple weeks and when you feel ready to go back to your place, we will still be close enough to help out.”

“Thanks, Em.  Sally and Brandy have already said I can live with them until I make other arrangements and Kevin said the same. Em, is this wig high enough?” And the cousins changed the conversation to the event ahead.

Brian and Justin had Jenn, Tuck, Molly and a friend coming out to watch the kids.  They were going to spend the night so Ronni made sure two rooms were ready for them.  By the time the show was over it was going to be late so it had been decided a sleepover was the best option.

Justin had been anxious all week, and not the good kind of anxious. Yes, he wanted to see Natalia’s show but he had the feeling that they were being watched.  He was almost obsessed looking at the security cameras and  actually had James have an extra one put in that showed the road coming from Pittsburgh.  The only thing he had seen was he was sure he saw that wreck of a car they had seen in the city by the loft but he had James check into and he found out there were really quite a few of that make and model still on the road.

As Brian and Justin got ready for the night Justin was quieter than normal.  Brian slipped his arms around him from behind.  “Are you still having a feeling?”

“I’m sorry.  I know I am being irrational.  I think I just let him get in my head. Molly saw him the other day and she said, although it was awkward, he asked lots of questions about her and he asked about us but she didn’t answer any of his questions about us. She said he didn’t push her.”

“Did you ask her what he was driving?”

“Damn, I never thought about that.” He ran a comb through his hair and looked in the mirror.  “I’m going to go ask her about the car.  Are you ready to go? I think the car will be here anytime.”  They had ordered a limo so they all could have fun and none of them would have to worry about driving home.  Em was already with Nat but Ronni, Dante, James, Justin, and Brian were riding together and Em would come back with them.

“I’ll be down in a couple minutes.” Brian kissed him. “Go talk to Molly and then forget about it.  Tuck is here with them tonight and I have a guard that will be roaming. They will be fine.”

“I know. I hate having this feeling.” Justin wandered out of the room and moved downstairs.  He saw Molly and her friend playing on the floor with Aaron and Gus.  “Hey, Mol, can you come here a minute?”

Molly left her friend with the boys and walked over, “What’s up?”

“I have an odd question for you.”

“What do you want to know about Dad now?”

Justin smiled.  His little sister was so grown up now.  “When you saw him, did you see what he was driving?”

“No, he walked up from somewhere.  He must have been parked further away or he lives nearby. Why are you asking?”

“I’m just bugging out.  I happened to see an odd car a couple times and it probably wasn’t even the same car.  Don’t worry about it.  I am just letting myself freak.”

James walked in, “Are we ready? The car has just pulled in front of the house.”

“I’m here,” Brian called as he entered the room. 

“We’re ready.” Ronni and Dante looked excited.  “You know I could have driven.”

“I thought about that, Mom, but the car is fun and we don’t have to find a place to park.”

Justin approached Jenn and Tuck, “If you need us, text.  If you hear something, pick up that radio and you can talk to security.” Tuck nodded.  Justin kissed Jenn’s cheek.  “Thanks for watching the kids,” he said as Brian slipped his arm around Justin’s waist.

“We will see you in the morning,” Brian said as he quickly kissed Jenn’s cheek before they walked away.


“Nat, you are stunning. I had no idea you were that talented!” Em gushed as Nat relaxed between the first show and the next.  He knew all of his friends would be at the next one which made him more nervous.

“But I messed up the steps and I repeated the wrong line at the end of that last song.” Nat said as she touched up her makeup.

“Nat, everyone makes mistakes on stage. The difference between a good performer and bad performer is what you do with the mistakes.  You gracefully continued. You are so amazing.” Em hugged Nat who held onto him tightly for a minute.

“Emmett, have you talked to Tom lately?”

“We crossed paths a couple weeks ago.”

“You didn’t tell me.”

“I didn’t think you needed to be distracted. Have you told him how you feel?”

“Em, he knows.”

“Have you actually said the words?”

“He’s already married.  He was taken long before he met me.  I’m not sure I should talk to him. Who am I to take him away from God?”

“He doesn’t have to leave God.  He just needs to follow his heart and he can still serve God without doing it as a priest.”

“Uncle Emmy, I know the show starts in a couple minutes and you will go out to James but could you go grab me a soda and maybe a few pretzels or something I can munch on. I’m not on for a while.”

Em smiled and nodded at him, “I’ll be right back.”

Soon he returned with a ham sandwich and a diet cola. “I thought if you needed something to eat, it should be something worthwhile.”

“This is perfect.  Now, please, go find that stunning husband of yours. Your table is reserved and I expect you to cheer louder than any other table.”

“You got it sweety? You let me know if you want to take the car home with us.  We could always come back for your car tomorrow.” 

“I think I will need time to wind down but I will let you know if I change my mind.”


Justin and Brian sat at the table with Ronni, Dante, James and Em.  The show was wonderful.  They laughed so hard they cried at the comedians and although all of the performers were supposed to be new to drag, they all did a great job. Nat had done her first number before a short break. Brian ordered another round of drinks and appetizers.

“I am going to the little girls room before the show starts again,” Em said as he stood up and walked toward the hall.  

“Emmett?” 

Em stopped and turned around to find Tom standing there.  He had to look twice.  Tom obviously didn’t want to be recognized.  “Well Father Tom, what a surprise to see you here. It is obvious you don’t want many to know it is you.”

“Em, please, I just want to know how he, I mean she is. I dream about her every night.  I…”

“Don’t do it to her unless you are going to make the decision you know you need to make.  Now, I don’t want to miss any of the show.” Emmett walked away and into the bathroom.   Tom went back to his seat.  It was in the far back corner of the venue.  He was all in shadow so there was no way Nat could see him.  He didn’t want to distract her. 

For the last half of the show they changed up the order and Natalia closed the show.  This time she was flawless.  Even Brian and Dante ended up on their feet cheering for her.  There was a short meet and greet and all of them congratulated Nat on her performances before loading into the limo and going home.

Nat walked back to her dressing room and thought it was odd that the door was open a bit but she pushed it open the rest of the way and was surprised when she saw Tom standing there.  She moved in far enough to close the door behind her. She didn’t say anything but walked past him and dropped into her chair. She took the wig off and placed it on the head sitting on the counter.  She then reached out and covered her face with makeup remover.

“Nat, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have come in without your permission but I had to see you.  You were so amazing on stage tonight.  I had no idea you could sing like that. Everyone in the audience loved you.”

“It did go well,” she said as she started to wipe off her face. “I wanted everyone to get their money’s worth, especially since it all went to the Gay and Lesbian Center. Did you hear Father Kevin is probably going to come up here and open a shelter like he has in Atlanta?”

“I heard a little bit about it.  It sounds like a wonderful idea and I bet Kevin will be glad to spend some of his time up here to see the grandkids.”

“Yes, Kevin has it together. Since you are here, Tom, I’m moving to Atlanta.  I am not sure if it will be after Thanksgiving or if I will wait to the first of the year but I have a job offer and I hope to help Kevin if there are other trans that I could guide through it. Tom,” Nat moved toward him and Tom stepped forward to meet him. “I would love for you to join me but I can’t be your dirty little secret.  I want all of you or I can’t have any of you.” Nat moved her lips to his and he fed like a starving man.

When they separated sometime later Nat looked at Tom directly in the eyes, “Tom, you have a decision to make.  By Thanksgiving if I haven’t heard from you, don’t come looking for me later.  You know you can still work for God without the collar.”  Nat kissed him once more. “Now, please go so I can get out of this gown and go home.” Tom took a step toward the door. “Oh, can you do one more thing for me? Unzip my dress?”  

Nat turned her back to him and Tom slowly pulled the zipper down. He slid his hand over the bare flesh and softly said, “Good night, Natalia.”

Nat shivered at the sound of her name coming off his lips. She turned around to face him but he was gone. She collapsed on the floor and sobbed.


As the limo pulled up to the gate, it opened slowly.  The car pulled forward and stopped in front of the house.  James opened the door near him while the driver opened the door next to Brian.  James offered his hand to Em first, kissing him, and then reached in for his mother.  Brian stepped out and then he offered his hand to Justin who took it and fell into his arms. 

“Justin, I need to talk to you.”

Justin slowly turned to see his father standing in front of him. “It’s 3:00.  What the hell are you doing here!”

“I want to see my son.”

“Well, you’ve seen him.” By now James had come around the back of the limo and was standing behind Craig. “James will you make sure he…”

 

“Not you, I want to see Aaron! You can let me see him or I will find a way to see him myself!”  With that, James physically turned Craig around and pushed him toward the gate.


Chapter 10 by Simply written

Chapter  10


Brian led Justin into the house. Ronni started some water to make some of her tea.  Justin was going to need something to calm down or he was going to have a major crash, she worried.  Dante and Emmett waited outside until the limo was gone and they were sure Craig was off the grounds.  James contacted the police and they assured him they would escort Craig out of the area. 

Emmett, James, and Dante walked in.  “He’s gone and he won’t be back tonight.  The police suggested you call your lawyer tomorrow and let them know what happened.  The new restraining order hasn’t been processed yet.”

“What the hell was he doing here?” Brian shouted.  

“Brian, people are sleeping upstairs.  Let’s not wake them,” Ronni said softly. “Here, drink this.” She handed a cup to Brian and then a cup to Justin. 

“What is this?” Brian asked Ronni.

“It’s a calming tea.  Justin’s also has some of his headache herbs,” Ronni said as she poured some tea in four more cups. 

Brian had sat down next to Justin at the counter but he was having a much harder time focusing. “Ronni, what did you put in here? I know I was mad.” Brian leaned over and kissed Justin.

“I suggest you two finish those cups quickly and go upstairs quickly or you may not make it up the steps.”

Justin’s eyes were a little glazed over, too. “Ronni, I haven’t felt like this since the last time we smoked a joint.”

“Well, Dante brought a little home with him so I made you some tea.  Now, go to bed.  James let the guard know about the visitor and the two of them will keep an eye out but it isn’t likely he will be back tonight and it will be light in a couple hours.”

Brian and Justin moved up the steps slowly.  They managed to undress and fell into bed. “I know I’m mad at Craig but right now it really doesn’t matter,”  Justin said as he pulled Justin against him.  “I’m sorry he is such an ass.”

“He wants our little boy,” Justin said as he started to cry but then he tensed.  “No, he is not going to do that to me again.  I am not ever going to cry over things he has done. If he touches one beautiful hair on his head I will kill him.  I’m not playing.  At least I would go to jail knowing Aaron was safe.”

“Oh, Sunshine, you know you don’t mean that.  First of all, I couldn’t let you get locked up.  Secondly, our kids need you, and third, how would Molly react?”

“Damn, I can’t think straight.  I love you, babe.  I need to sleep.  Will you slide in me?” Justin kissed Brian.

“Hell if I can say No to that.” Brian moved into him and within moments they were both asleep.

Considering the alcohol they had drank the night before and spiked tea Ronni had  given them, Brian and Justin both woke with clear heads.  It was after 10:00 and they could hear the kids downstairs. Justin started to get up but Brian pulled him back down and kissed him.  “We need to talk before we go down to everyone.”

“It’s already so late.  Mom and…”

“Justin, last night you said some things…” he took a deep breath.  “You didn’t mean what you said, did you?”

“Yes, I did.  I know that Aaron would be safe with you and the extended family.”

“Sunshine, I couldn’t function without you.  He is not worth losing your freedom and like I said last night, what would Molly’s reaction be?”

“Damn, Brian, I know it is a stupid thought but it is how I feel.”

“I think we can take care of this in the courts and until it is settled, I am upping security. We will have guards around the clock.”

Justin jumped out of bed now and started pacing.  “I hate that we have to spend money on that asshole. I mean let the court deal? Why isn’t the restraining order in place? He should have been in jail last night and he should be locked up again!”

Brian got up and managed to envelope Justin in his arms and after a moment, Justin calmed down and held onto him tightly. “Sunshine, we can deal with this.  Who the hell cares about how much money we have to spend?”

“I had a feeling of dread and now I wonder if the dread is the fact that he might have some legal rights.  Dani signed off on the adoption but he never did. Just because he was in prison doesn’t mean we aren’t going to have a fight on our hands.”

“Justin, you know I will do everything I can to get this taken care of but right now you need to pull yourself together.  I will let the lawyer know what is going on so he can start on it first thing but right now, you and I need to take a quick shower and go downstairs.  I am sure Jenn and Molly want to talk to you.”

“You’re right.  If you weren’t here…”

“Remember I feel the same way about you.”

“I know, I won’t do anything irrational. I promise.”

Brian kissed him and took his hand leading him toward the bathroom. Ten minutes later they were standing in the kitchen. Justin  stood next to Aaron.  He was fine.  He would be fine.  Every person in that room would do anything for this little boy and that was a lot of people.  James was there.  So were Ronni and Dante, not to mention his mom, Tuck, and Molly.”

“Where’s Emmett?” Brian asked. “And our star.” Looking out at the pool house.

James responded, “He is with Nat.  They should both be here soon. Tom stopped by his dressing room last night.”

“Oh, and?”

“He told him it was all or nothing. Mom, is that food ready? I’m starving.” James changed the subject knowing Nat would not want to be questioned and he saw Em and Nat walking across the pool deck. 

Soon the room was filled with laughter and accolades to the performer.  Gus came over and gave Nat a hug.  “I wish I could have seen you. I bet you were beautiful.” Nat kissed the little boy. “But you are always beautiful.” Gus said and then went back and sat on his own chair to finish eating.

After eating Justin took his mom and Molly to the formal living room where they could be alone. “What happened last night, Justin?” Molly asked.  No one has told us anything other than there was a late night visitor but I have a feeling I know who it was.”

“Dad slipped in on foot after the limo had come through the gate.” Justin focused on Molly because Jenn wasn’t surprised at anything their father could do. “Molly, you know I was trying to let him live his life, even if I didn’t want to be part of it but he is threatening to take Aaron.  He figures if he can’t manage my life he has a new son to start on.”

“But, he doesn’t even know Aaron.” Molly started crying. “I thought he was doing well. He asked me questions but appeared to accept my answer when I said I wouldn’t answer that. Did he follow me to find you? Oh, no! Maybe he …”

“Molly, none of this is your fault.  We are fairly sure he followed us last weekend and since then he has come past here daily, just waiting for his chance.  He must have been somewhere in the area all night and waited until we arrived home.” Justin turned to Jenn and continued, “Mom, I don’t think he would do anything to you and Molly.  I really don’t but I wanted you to know what he’s up to and I have a feeling tomorrow our lawyer will be in court pushing through the restraining order.”

“He’s not going back to jail, is he?”

“Mol, That’s not what I am trying to do but if my kids are threatened, I will do whatever it takes.”

“I understand, bro.  I really do.  I just hope he comes to his senses before he ends up back in jail.” The siblings hugged each other and then Jenn joined them.

“I am so proud of both of you. He doesn’t deserve either of you and Justin, if there is anything I can do to help with this issue, I will.  I know when you first told me you were going to adopt that little boy, I wasn’t sure how I would feel about him but I should have known he would be as sweet and lovable as those raising him. I love all my grandchildren so much.”

“We know that, Mom.  Now I know you have to get out of here.  I will be in touch.  I love you both.” Justin kissed them before they returned to the main room. 

Soon the house seemed to get quiet.  Ronni and Dante, took a walk on the lovely fall day to check out their new home.  Em and James had Natalia over to check out their guest room, making sure everything he would need during his recovery was available. And Brian and Justin kept their children close.  Brian took Gus for a walk while Justin stayed in the house with the youngest two.  After Jessi fell asleep, he held Aaron and read him a story until he, too, drifted off. Justin held his precious boy close.  He knew he would do anything to keep this little one safe but he also knew Brian was right, too.  They had to do it the right way.  He just hoped the court saw it their way.  


Molly drove her friend home and then went to a nearby park. She was angry at her father and she wondered if he would listen to her.  And could she continue a relationship with him if he continued to threaten Justin.  She called him, not sure if she wanted him to answer.  

“Hello.”

“Dad, can you meet me to talk?”

“Sure, honey. Where and when?”

“Can you come now?” He said he could and she told him where she was.

Craig pulled into the park but didn’t look at the BMW he pulled up next to. He pulled out his phone to text her when she stepped out of her car. She looked at her phone and saw his message.  “I’m right here, Dad,” she said as she shut the driver’s door.

“Wow, your mom or her boy toy must be making good money.”

“Dad, Mom didn’t pay for it. Justin got it for me.  Well, and in a roundabout way you did. The money he was awarded from the course case was put in a trust for me. He knew I would need a car for college. If I have my own wheels I can come help with the kids sometime.”

“I wish I could afford a car like that.” Craig looked in the window.

“Well, it seems to me you did until you kidnapped Justin.”

“Molly, I know you will never understand but I thought I was doing what was best for him.”

“And is that why you want to do the same to Aaron?  What would be good for Aaron if he lived with you in what I am guessing is a hole in the wall apartment? Have you thought about it, Dad? How much do you make in an hour? Do you know how much a daycare costs?”

“Molly, I didn’t…”

“You stalked him outside of his house at 3:00 this morning and then entered the estate without permission.”

“Molly, you know he would never give me permission.  I just want him to acknowledge me as his father and Aaron’s father.”

“But you aren’t Aaron’s father.  Brian and Justin are his fathers…”

“Stop! I cannot stand the thought of my flesh and blood being raised by …”

“Your flesh and blood? You need to see something.” Molly walked toward a covered shelter and Craig followed. They sat by a picnic table. “I don’t know if I should show you this. Justin might get pissed but you need to see this.” Molly clicked play on a video and set her phone down on the table in front of them.  

A video Justin had taken this summer started. He had sent it to Molly and Jenn when they arrived in Atlanta. It was shortly after Aaron had started walking and he was toddling over to Brian. “Dadadada,” Aaron said as he fell into Brian’s arms.  Brian picked up the little boy and kissed him before swinging him around. When he brought him back to his chest, Aaron gave him one of his sloppy kisses. Justin’s voice was in the background praising Aaron on how well he did walking.  Brian came over to Justin and the camera and they exchanged Aaron for the phone.  

“Give Daddy a kiss, Aaron.” Aaron leaned in and kissed Justin. The look on Justin’s face was pure love. 

“Wave at Daddy,” Justin said and he and Aaron waved as Brian ended the video.

“Dad, of course I don’t remember that age but were you around to play with us when we were that age? I have seen you holding us at that age but it was always like a pose for a picture. You looked like you couldn’t wait to get rid of us.”

“Kinney dumped him on your brother quick enough.”

“Dad, that’s because nothing makes Justin happier than to hold and play with his kids.”

“So basically he’s turned into a housewife.”

“First of all, Dad, that would not be an insult to him because his family is everything to him but does a housewife have a multimillion dollar art career on the side?”

“His art or the money he got from me?” Craig’s voice was bitter.

“Dad, that is just petty. And I already told you that all the money he got from you is in trust for me. Because of him, I will not have to work on the side.”

“I would have paid for your college!” Craig said, looking at her.

“Would I have been required to attend only the school of your choice and take courses only in the area you chose for me?  That is what you were trying to get Justin to do.”

Craig looked at Molly and opened his mouth to say something but then closed it again.  He looked at her face and then down at her phone that had a picture of Justin and his family. Brian was holding a newly born Jessi while Gus leaned over her and Justin was holding on to a smiling Aaron.

“Dad, if you break up that family, you really will kill Justin.  And you will damage Aaron for the rest of his life.  You can’t give him what he needs.  You don’t have it in you. He needs his family.  The only family he has known.” Molly picked up her phone and stood.

“Dad, somewhere deep inside I know you know what is right and wrong. Mom loved you once and I know you love me, you just don’t know how to show it.  I promise if you prove to me you can show you have learned how to show love, I will talk to Justin about meeting Aaron.”  Molly bent over and kissed Craig’s cheek.  “I haven’t given up on you, Dad.  Don’t give up on yourself.”  Molly got in her car and drove away, leaving Craig sitting there silent and alone.


The next week went smoothly.  Brian contacted their lawyer Monday morning and the restraining order was put in place immediately.  The local police had people going past regularly in the evening and overnight. They also had spoken to the store manager who promised to call the parole officer if he didn’t show up for work for the time being he was behaving himself.  

On Wednesday, Brian and Justin were holding their interviews at Brian’s office.  They were going to hold three in the morning for the house keeping and in the afternoon they had two interviews for the manny/nanny position. James promised he wouldn’t leave the grounds without Aaron.  They expected him to be home all day but if for any reason Ronni had to take Aaron somewhere, James would be their driver.

Brian went into the office at his regular time and Justin was there an hour later.  “Justin, it is so good to see you.  You haven’t popped in to see Brian since before your trip to Atlanta.”

“It has been too long,” Justin said as he hugged Cynthia. “You are as beautiful as ever and I hope he has been behaving himself.”

Arms came from behind and pulled Justin against a hard chest, “Do I need to worry about you two? I am not worried about sex but it’s the secrets.” Brian turned Justin around and kissed him. “Cynthia, please buzz me before you send them up one at a time.”

“Of course,” she smiled at Justin, “you and I need to have lunch soon.”

“We will set that up soon.” Justin patted her shoulder as he walked away with Brian.

“Why are you two having lunch?”

“To talk about you, of course. Now we need to look through these and get an idea for who we think is the best fit.  Ronni and Em have done all the background checks and all have impeccable work histories.”  

“Do we know if they are gay?”

“Brian, you aren’t going to discriminate against someone because of their sexual preference are we?”

“No, of course not.  I just don’t want to see someone come in who can’t deal with us.  You know we are not always discreet.”

“Brian, if it was possible, Em would have already weeded them out and if he didn’t, they aren’t openly bigoted. Hell, knowing Em, he already told them straight out and asked where they stand.”

“You are right, Emmett has never been shy when it comes to sexuality.  He probably weeded out the cute guys, too, so he would think he wouldn’t have to worry about James.”

“James is gorgeous,” Justin said with a wink.

“He is, is he?” Brian yanked Justin against him and kissed him, feeling Justin’s cock twitch through his pants. As he reached for Justin’s crotch, the phone buzzed. “I swear that woman…” He moved to his desk, “Yes, Cynthia?”

“Your first interview has arrived.”

“Give us five minutes and then send her up.” Brian turned toward Justin, “Ready to go?”

“I am.  Too bad we have to do this interview first.” Justin kissed him and slid his hand down to Brian’s fly and rubbed it gently. “Maybe if this one goes quickly we will have time before the next one.”

Forty minutes later the first interview was done.  “So, what do you think?” Brian asked.  “You are going to deal with the housekeeper a lot more than I do.”

“I think she would do a good job but I am not sure her personality is right.  She seems a little serious for us.”

Brian pulled Justin close, “We are serious about some things.” Justin lifted his face and Brian kissed him. “It is a damn good thing you aren’t here everyday.  I would never get any work done if I knew this body was just a few doors away.”

“Well, for now anyway, that isn’t feasible.” Justin’s phone pinged and he looked at it.  “Em is just letting me know all is quiet at the house.”

And then Brian’s phone buzzed. “Send them up, Cynthia.”

There was a knock on the office door.  “Come in,” Brian responded.  A thirty something woman walked in. 

Justin approached her with a hand extended. “Good morning.  Are you Charly?”

“I am and you are Justin Taylor.  I’m not a stalker or anything but I am a fan of your art.”

“Well, thank you.  This is my husband, Brian Kinney.”  Brian came over and shook her hand.  

“As you can see, I am not everyone’s idea of a housekeeper.” Charly had tattoo sleeves on each arm and her hair was cropped and dyed blue. “I can cover up the arms if you have formal event."

“Charly, we don’t care what your look is. Tell us about your experience.”

Charly told them about growing up working in her parents' hotel.  She cleaned rooms and helped in the hotel restaurant.  

She had helped cater weddings and other celebrations and eventually did a lot of the cooking for these events.  “I enjoy being with people but due to personal reasons, I needed to find a day job.  That doesn’t mean I can’t do an evening from time to time but most nights I need to be able to get home by 6:00. Ronni assured me that would work. She also said, as the housekeeper, I wouldn’t have to live there but,” she stopped talking.

“Just spill it,” Brian said.  

“Charly, whatever it is, we want to hear it.  I like you and I think you would be a good fit for our house but we need to know what you need to tell us.”

“I have a daughter.  She will be twelve in a couple months.  I am trying to make a better life for her.  I am taking courses online and working on a business degree.  We have been living with my parents most of the time but it is time for us to move on.  She wouldn’t need a room of her own.  We have shared a room…”

“Charly, we have one more interview before we make a decision but if we choose you,” Brian looked over at Justin, “Your daughter and you would be more than welcome to live in the pool house.  It isn’t big but there are two small bedrooms.  It might not be free immediately but it will be free soon.” Brian smiled at Charly.

“I have a feeling you would be able to move in there right away but like Brian said, we do need to hold our last interview and then we are going to be interviewing for a nanny this afternoon.  If we choose you, of course you will be able to see the estate before you make a decision.”

They shook hands and Charly left.  “Can we cancel the last one?” Brian asked.

“No, that isn’t fair to the last interviewee. But I agree, I think she will be a great fit to our house and I have a feeling Natalia will gladly move in with Em and James early and if not I think she will move into the main house so Charly and her daughter can move into the pool house.

Brian’s phone rang and he sighed, “That time went fast. Yes, Cynthia.” He listened for a minute. “Thanks, Cynthia.  Bring the lunch up whenever it gets here.  You can just set it on the chair inside the door if we are otherwise engaged when you bring it in.”

Justin could hear Cynthia laugh as Brian hung up.  “Our last person?”

“She called in and said she was offered a job yesterday so would not be coming in.”

“Which means we have two hours before the nanny interviews?” Justin moved to Brian and grabbed him by the tie, leading him to the back room of his office. Once they entered it, Brian kicked the door shut and then grasped the back of Justin’s neck with one hand and brought his other arm around Justin’s waist and crushed the full length of his body against his. “Damn, we have time for a nooner.”

Justin started to slide his body against Brian’s now erect penis.  “Fuck, get those pants off that tight ass of your,” Brian said as he unzipped his pants. He tugged Justin’s shirt off and then Justin slowly tugged Brian’s tie loose and then unbuttoned his shirt. He slowly pushed it off Brian’s shoulder but before he could free his arms Justin had him pinned against the table and dropped to his knees. 

As he took Brian into his mouth Brian struggled frantically to get out of his sleeves. Justin teased with light licks and nips driving Brian nearly mad. By the time he got the cuffs undone and the shirt dropped onto the table he grabbed Justin’s head and shoved it onto his cock. It started in the core of his body.  He yanked Justin off his knees and quickly pressed him onto the table.  His feet straight in the air as Brian plunged into Justin in one smooth movement. Justin cried out from a bit of pain but a great deal of pleasure. 

Brian froze for a minute hearing his main office door open.  Justin’s shout had been loud but could they have heard it in the central office area? “Enjoy, boys.  Your lunch is waiting after you work up that appetite.”

Once they heard the door reclose, Brian began moving and Justin grasped Brian around the neck as he started moving quicker. Justin soon was ready to explode and since Justin had primed Brian so thoroughly, he also climaxed at the exact same time. Brian dropped forward on top of Justin. He kissed him long and hard.  “Damn, are you sure you couldn’t come every day.  I am sure I would get a lot more done in the afternoon after being, um, rejuvenated.”

“You know damn well we would end up screwing all afternoon and you’d get nothing done but right now, we better dress and go see what we have for lunch.”

“I told her to order a salad and a sandwich and I figured we could split each,” Brian said as he slipped into his now wrinkled shirt. “Shit, there is cum on it.”

“Looks like it is on the tail.  That will just be tucked in anyway.” Justin tied his belt and pulled on his polo. Justin helped Brian get his tie straight and hand in hand, they walked back out to the office.

Justin grabbed the bag off the chair by the door while Brian took a couple of bottles of water out of his mini fridge and sat next to Justin on the sofa. They each took half the sandwich and they set the salad bowl in the middle. As they ate they talked about what they felt was most important for their nanny or manny.  “Whoever we hire has to be able to be laid back yet full of energy.” Justin reached over and wiped a bit of mustard off Brian’s lip.  Brian caught Justin’s finger and licked it off. Justin leaned in and kissed him lightly. 

“Ya, and we better eat fast.  I think our first interview is in about ten minutes.”’  Brian ate the last bite of his sandwich and drained his bottle of water.  He then picked up the rubbish and was tossing it in the trash when the phone rang.

Cynthia walked a stunning young man into the office. Brian whistled low before he caught himself. Justin threw a look at his husband and walked over to the door.  “Thanks Cynthia.” He offered his hand and shook the one extended to him. “I’m Justin Taylor and this is my HUSBAND, Brian Kinney.” He emphasized the word husband to the 25 year old.  “It’s Connor, isn’t it?”

“Yes, it is nice to meet you.” He walked over and shook Brian’s hand also.  “I want to thank you for the interview.  Not everyone is interested in having a manny instead of a nanny. I heard you have two boys and an infant daughter?”

“That’s correct. Gus is in kindergarten. Aaron is fifteen months old and Jessi Anne is two months. Don’t let that scare you. Gus is at school a good part of the day and Ronni will still have Jessi most of the time for now. If you are working days you would mainly have Aaron.  

“Are you comfortable with kids that age?” Brian asked.

“Oh, ya. I come from a large family. I’m the youngest so I spent a lot of time babysitting for nieces and nephews. During college I lived with my brother and his wife and their four kids.  I was on their babysitting schedule.”

“I didn’t know you could get a degree in childcare?”

“I have a degree in child psychology and literature. I realized as I finished up my degrees, that I love children but have a passion for writing. I hope to write a novel.  I saw pictures of your estate and it is beautiful.  I think it will be a great setup for me to get inspired and not starve at the same time.”

“Does that mean after the first novel you’ll leave? We have had several changes lately and we would really like to have some stability in staff,” Justin commented.

“Mr. Taylor, I love to write but I have never done it.  You’re offering great benefits, a chance to travel with you a couple times a year and a flexible schedule.”

Justin looked at Brian, “Connor, we would like to see you interact with our kids. Would you be able to meet us on Saturday at a local park?”

“Oh, yes! I would love to meet your Gus, Aaron, and Jessi Anne.”

“We do have one more interview and she may also be there, depending on how her interview goes,” Justin commented.  “One of us will text you with location and time on Friday.

“Mr. Taylor, Mr. Kinney, I promise I will take care of your children like they are my own niece and nephews.”

Brian glanced at Justin and then commented, “You don’t have any security training, do you?”

“Well, no, but I do have a black belt in karate.”

Justin and Brian looked at each other.  “Thanks for coming in, Connor.  We will see you on Saturday.”

The door was barely closed and Brian said, “Do we really have to interview the last one or can we go to the backroom for one more round of….”

Justin walked to the phone and picked it up, calling Cynthia.  “Hey, when the next interviewee gets here, tell her the position has been filled and Brian will be busy for the next hour.”

“Let me guess,” Cynthia laughed.  “Something came up. Or should I say some things. Enjoy.  I’ve got this.”

For the second time that day, Justin took Brian by the tie and led him to the back room.

Saturday was a beautiful fall day.  It was warm enough for the boys to go without jackets and for Jessi to lay on a blanket by one of her dads.  Connor arrived on time and Gus and Aaron instantly took to him.  After a while James and Emmett arrived with a cooler Ronni put together.  It had drinks in it along with plenty of treats.  As they sat on a couple blankets in the shade, Connor sat with his legs out in front of him and Jessi laying on his legs cooing at him. 

“You know, Connor, I was hoping I had a few years before I had to beat off the first boyfriend,” Brian laughed.

“All three of your children are just great.” As he said it he gave Gus a high five. 

“Connor, can you come and play with me?”

“Gus, give him a few more minutes.  Would you like some grapes?” Justin handed Gus some grapes.

“So, Connor,” Emmet looked over at him, “Do you know first aid? I think Ronni asked that.”

“Yes, I do.  I took first aid and I have water safety, too.”

“We are expecting our first child and, although we wouldn’t expect you to take on more, we just figure that there will be some sharing of mannies if you don’t mind.”

“Not at all.  I like a change in schedule and flexibility.”

“Well, Connor, as far as I am concerned you have the job.  You can move in anytime.  We may not need you as many hours immediately if you like a little variety, James can probably use you.  He is in charge of security and the estate grounds.” Brian put an arm around Justin.  “Welcome to the Britin family.”

“Just let us know when you want to move in.  I am sure your room will be ready by the end of the week.”

“I don’t want to be pushy but would you mind if I move in tomorrow? I can clean or do whatever needs to be done.  My lease runs out tomorrow so everything I own is in my car.”

“Where were you going to go if this didn’t go well?” Brian liked the guy’s overconfidence.  He didn’t do it in an impudent way but he was sure of himself.  

“I would find a road or parking lot where I could sleep.  A friend has a room available in a couple days that he would let me use if I needed it but he’s getting married soon so…”

“You are more than welcome to follow us home,” Justin said.  James already had his phone out. “Are you texting your mom?”

“Please tell her not to do anything.  I will take care of it myself.”

James finished the text just as Gus asked Connor again, “Could we play now?”

Connor got up.  “Lead the way.” Aaron was curled up between Brian and Justin.

“He’s fine, Connor.” Justin said as Gus tried to drag him away.

“Gus, am I invited, too?” James asked.

“Sure!” Gus said and then squealed as James swooped him up and onto his broad shoulder. James put him on the level of the play area.

“So James, besides loving this kid, and who wouldn’t, did I do or say something?” Connor was a little nervous.  James was a formidable man.

“Not at all,” James said in his soft spoken tone.  “Just the opposite.  I hope you might be able to help me. I know Emmett and my mom talked to you about having security and I know you will be in charge of Aaron most of the time.  How much did Mom tell you?”

“They basically said there had been some threats.”  Connor moved over and caught Gus at the bottom of a poll.

“Do you know anything about Justin’s history?” Connor shook his head. James gave him a rundown of Justin’s beating and then the kidnapping.  The whole time Connor was listening but staying connected with Gus at the same time. James ended the story with Dani and giving birth to Aaron.  “Justin couldn’t see his own brother being adopted so Aaron is their son  now that Craig is out of jail he has made it clear he lost one son to gayness,” James rolled his eyes and Connor laughed, “So he has said Aaron belongs with him, a real man.”

“A man who has been in jail is the real man? A man who kidnaps his injured son is the real man?” Connor said disgustedly. 

“He’s a big talker so that might be all it is, but, I wanted you to know.”

“Thanks, I will be careful and on watch especially if we are off the grounds.”

“That’s what I wanted to hear.” James extended his hand, “Welcome to the Britin family.”


“James, can  I ask you a question?” Connor asked.

“Sure, what is it?”

“Is this really as good a setup as I think it is?”

“Connor, if you do your job well, it's the best job you can imagine.  But don’t screw either of them, and I mean that figuratively and physically because I think they could ruin you.  Stay loyal and they will treat you like family. No, you are family.”

“Thanks, James.  That’s the feeling I was getting but I wanted to know if I was right. And these kids are amazing!” He said this as he caught Gus coming down the pole.

“Hey, baby, I need to get home.  I have some things to get ready for an event this week.” Em draped an arm around James and kissed him.

“Sure, Em.  I didn’t realize it was getting that late.”

“Connor, Brian and Justin are going to pack up, too.  It is getting chillier.”

“Well, Gus, are you ready to show me my new home?”

“Ya!” Gus cheered and all four of them walked to their cars.

Gus fell asleep as soon as he was in his car seat and Aaron was ‘chatting’ with Jessi.  “I don’t want to sound overly optimistic but I feel like we have a great staff hired,” Justin said, running a hand down Brian’s arm.

“I totally agree.  Can you believe we have a manny that is trained in Martial Arts? It will be so nice to know he has protection if he needs it. I have been feeling guilty that I haven’t been to visit Anna or spend time in the art program since we got back.  I think I will feel comfortable doing that now.” Justin’s hand rested on Brian’s thigh and his fingers brushed his inner thigh.

Brian reached down and moved Justin’s hand.  “I can’t get distracted with the kids in the car.”

“I know you’re right but I have been close to you all day and well, I want to touch you.”

“The kids will be ready for bed early and Connor will be setting up his room, not that his being there will stop us.  In fact, once Ronni moves into the new house, we might be able to get a little creative again.” 

‘Um, Bri, you might want to slow down a bit.”

“Oh, shit! I guess I am ready to get you in bed, too.  Once the kids are in the house why don’t you show Connor his room and then go pick a toy for yourself. We haven’t gone outside the box for a long time.”

“Brian, if using a toy is outside the box, we are getting boring….but I’m game.”


At 6:00 p.m. Connor had his car emptied and had rearranged the furniture that was in his room.  Ronni had made Tuna casserole for them along with fresh bread Nat baked.  She had started moving in with Em and James so they could help after the surgery.  As they ate, Brian could tell Justin was getting very uncomfortable.  Shortly after Justin had inserted it, Brian had stolen the remote and was making adjustments from time to time. By the time the kids were in bed, Justin was on the edge of insanity.  Connor stopped in the boys’ room while Justin was tucking them in.  He noticed his discomfort, “Justin, is something wrong? During dinner I saw you wince a few times.  Is your head bothering? I hear you still have issues sometimes.”

Justin smiled, “Good night, boys.  I will see you in the morning.” Justin took Connor’s arm and led him out.  “The only discomfort I have is I am horny as hell.  Brian has a remote control and I have...you have the picture.”

Connor laughed, “Well, don’t let me hold you up.  I will see you tomorrow.” Justin heard Connor chuckling softly all the way to his room.


Brian was waiting in the bedroom for Justin to arrive.  He was stretched out naked with scarves in his hand. He rose slowly and first wrapped a scarf around his eyes and then used a second to tie his hands together.  He laid Justin face down on the bed over a stack of pillows raising that perfectly formed ass high in the air. He tapped playfully on the plug still buried deep inside him.  Justin groaned.

“Brian, I don’t know how long I can last.”

“Then don’t! Cum as many times as you like.” As he said this he ran his tongue over first one and then the other cheek. As he took the last scarf he had and ran it down Justin’s spine, he cried out and his whole body shook.

“God,” he shouted.

“Well, it’s been a while since you called me that but thank you.” Brian slowly removed the plug and then brought his mouth down on Justin’s gaping hole.

“Fuck!” was his response this time.

After Brian had thoroughly explored the opening with his tongue, he entered him, needing to find relief himself.  He pummeled him, in and out, fast and hard. This time they cried out together and Brian collapsed on top of him. He rolled off and untied Justin’s hands and removed the scarf over his eyes.

“Just one more thing I hope we have more time for now that we have the staff we need.”  Brian kissed Justin.  “I love you, Sunshine. You still amaze me every time we make love.”

The two men fell into a restful sleep.


James heard the alarm go off on one of the security cameras.  It had been set up to detect  motion by the gate.  He looked and saw the culprit was a deer but just as he was about to shut off the alert, he saw a reflection where there shouldn’t be one.

“Em,” he kissed him and got out of bed.  “I’ll be right back. I need to check on the alert.  I am sure it is just fine but I want to be sure.”

“Hurry back, Jamesy. We were just getting started.”

 

“No more than 15 minutes, I promise.” They kissed once more and James was gone.


Chapter 11 by Simply written

Chapter 11


James pulled out of the back gate and drove to the main road.  The reflection he had seen on the surveillance camera had come from a row of bushes across the street. At the angle the car was parked, they wouldn’t know his car came from the estate.  As he passed the estate and turned onto the small road and gazed into empty air. “Shit,” he said under his breath.  He stopped and got out of the car.  He examined the spot and could see something had been parked there very recently because of the matted down grass.  He looked around the area and, at first, didn’t notice anything but then next to one of the bushes he could see footprints and, stuck in the bush, was a partial receipt.  Although the scrap was not complete, in one corner you could clearly see a partial signature, and it definitely started with a C. 

James pulled out his phone and texted Em. ‘On my way back. It was nothing.’  He decided he could wait to let Brian and Justin know until tomorrow. Right now all he could think about was a naked Emmett laying in bed waiting for him. He was almost surprised how much he loved that man and knowing their child was growing inside of his mother right now.  He couldn’t wait for their child to be born in April.  

After parking he walked into the house. “Where have you been? I thought you had already done the last check.” Nat was standing in the kitchen in a pink flowered robe.  

“Nothing series.  A deer set off the alarm and I just felt better checking it out. What are you doing up?”

“I just couldn’t sleep.  Thanks for letting me move in with you.  You and Uncle Em have been so good to me.”

“You’re family.  You are always welcome.”

“James, you are still newlyweds.  I am sure you prefer some privacy.”

“Nat, you are more important than a couple months of less privacy.  We have all our lives.  You are starting a new life.”

“Thanks, James.”

“Jamesy, is that you?”

“Coming, Em.” James hugged Nat.  “You just become the best woman you can.  We love you.” 

“I love both of you, too. Sleep well.”

“I hope it is sometime before we sleep,” James said as he strode down the hall.  Em laid on the bed with his hands behind his head. “Hello, gorgeous,” he drawled with the Southern accent he didn’t use very often. 

James started at Em’s toes and kissed each one and then began to run his tongue on the inner leg switching legs when he got to the knee and then continued upward. “Oh, Jamesy.” Em sighed as if a prayer as James ran his tongue in his inner thigh and as he spent time teasing each of his balls. Em’s arms were now stretched at his sides as he grasped the sheet, trying to hold on.  He still had a hard time believing that this perfect man loved him, Emmett Honeycutt Augustin. As James began to take him in his mouth, Em grabbed a handful of James’ braids and pulled him upward. “I’ve been waiting too long. Please, now.  I want you now.”  James caught one of his legs as he came up and then pushed past the outer rim of his sphincter and sank in. Em orgasmed on entry and continued to spasm as James glided in and out.  The feel of Em contracting around him soon had James climaxing deep inside Em.  Moving as little as he could, he let Em’s leg fall to the side and as he went limp and he slid out, he stayed between Em’s legs and lay his head on Em’s stomach and soon they were both asleep.


Justin had invited everyone to come to the main house for lunch on Sunday.  Ronni insisted on helping with the meal and along with that Dante helped with some of the chopping just so he could be with his beautiful wife.

James had messaged Brian to meet him in his office at 9:00.  When he finished his morning rounds he knocked on the outside office door. “It’s open,” Brian said. When James had come in and closed the door, Brian continued.  “I am guessing something happened?”

“Yes, I’m just not sure what.”  James told him about the deer and the glint of light from across the road.  “I am sure someone was parked there. And I had almost convinced myself it was just a couple looking for a little privacy but when I found the receipt….but maybe that was from the last time we knew he was here.”  James saw Brian’s look, processing it all.

“What’s your real feeling about this?”

“I honestly don’t know but I don’t think we have enough to talk to the police.”

“I hate to say it but I think I agree.  There is no way we can verify and knowing he had been here earlier, nothing is provable.”

“I will keep an eye out and, with your permission, I will tell Connor.  I like him.  He was good with the kids and I can tell he is observant and has some training in self defense.”

“I like that too. He also has a backbone and will be able to hold his own here.  We are a little much for some people but he will do well, I think.

“And the new housekeeper is coming for lunch?”

Brian nodded, “I hope she gets along with Connor since they will be working closely together. I will feel better when everyone is settled in their new roles and Ronni can start to relax a bit.  It won’t be long before she and Dante are moved into their new house.  We will have to decide at that point if Charly and Conner can handle the work or if we will need someone for a month or two when she is close to delivery.  I have a feeling your mom won’t be down long after giving birth but she is a lot older than when she was pregnant  with you.”

“Yes, I know she is strong and healthy but it does make me a little nervous. If anything…”

“James, don’t even think about that.  She will get the best care and your mom wouldn’t allow anything to happen.”

“You’re right, Brian. I will send you the film clip from last night so you have  a record of it but there is nothing there we can prove.”

“I’ll see you in a couple hours.  Go relax.  It’s Sunday.”


Brian left the office to find Justin.  He slipped an arm around Ronni, “May I borrow my husband? I’ll have him back in a few minutes.”

“No problem.  Everything is pretty much where it should be for a meal in two hours. In fact, it is a beautiful day. Dante, let’s go for a leisurely stroll.”

“Will you take me behind a building and make out with me?” Dante asked as he walked toward the door with her, putting his arm around her.

“We could go see what it’s like to make out in our new house.”

“I love you, woman.” Dante kissed her as he shut the door.

“So what’s up, Bri.” Justin stuck a pan in the oven and, pouring a couple cups of coffee, they sat on the sofa.  They could hear Nat and Connor playing with the boys upstairs while Jessi was asleep nearby.  

“I just wanted to fill you in.  I am not worried about this but we are going to stay alert.  Last night, about 11:00, the front gate alert went off.”  Justin tensed.  “Sunshine, it was a deer.” He kissed Justin’s temple and felt him relax.  “But James wasn’t sure if he saw something else so he took a look.  He was sure there was a car parked across the road behind those pushes but by the time he got there it was gone.  It was more than likely some teenagers that thought they were out of sight there to make out.”

“What haven’t you told me yet?”

“He found a scrap of paper that he is fairly sure was your dad’s.” Brian pulled out the receipt.  “Does this look like your dad’s signature?”

Justin took the scrap of paper and looked carefully.  “I think so but….without the rest of the receipt I can’t be sure.”

“And as far as we know that had been there since he was stalking us so, James is doing his job and Connor will be aware of it before the end of the day. We will be fine.  Have you talked to your dad?” Justin gave him that look.  “Ok, ok. Of course you didn’t. Have you talked to Molly?”

“She did say she talked to him.  She said she pointed out it wasn’t a good idea especially right now.  She has gotten to be a very convincing young woman. Maybe it sunk in a bit. I don’t want to talk to him but maybe I need to, man to man, father to father.  I doubt he could relate but maybe I will try.”

“Maybe talk to him with his probation officer or at the lawyer’s office. I think that might be the place for you to talk to him.  And, Sunshine, as passionate as you can be, and I know your passion, it might be good to write out what you want to say.”

“Couldn’t I just write it and send it to him?” Justin stood and picked up Jessi, who was starting to fuss. “She needs a bottle.”

“I’ll get it,” Brian walked over to the kitchen and Justin followed, cuddling Jessi close.  “Justin, looking at him face to face is usually more impactful but a letter…”

“You’re right.  I  know you are.” Justin kissed Brian as he took the bottle from him. “I love you.  You can always get me to think things through.”

As Justin fed Jessi, Brian circled them both from behind and kissed Justin’s neck. Then he slowly ran his tongue downward.  “What would you think of passing Jessi to Nat and Connor after she is finished and you and I…” he gently bit Justin’s neck. 

“I love the way you think.” Before Justin could finish the feeding Ronni and Dante returned.

“Let me take that little angel.” Dante lifted Jessi out of Justin’s arms.  “I can see a look in a man’s eyes when…”

“When they are ready for some love?” Ronni completed it for her husband.  “Be back in an hour. I am not sure how you want to finish off that dish in the oven.”

“I will be, Ronni.” Justin said as he and Brian moved toward the stairs. Brian and Justin dropped onto the bed and curled up together.  “Remember when you said you would never cuddle?”

“Do you have to bring up all my stupid comments?”

“I know Ronni and Dante think we are screwing but I just needed this for a while.  Just thinking about my dad gives me a headache.”

“Sunshine, you know I am here for you. I will always be here for you.”

“I know.” His lips brushed Brian’s and Brian pulled him even closer. 

“Damn, I am glad I gave cuddling a try but,” before Brian could finish Justin undid his fly and then Brian’s. He turned over and offered himself to Brian and he gently slipped in.  Moving as one, they didn’t say a word but knew exactly when to move and nearly turned into liquid as they both felt every move, coming as one.

As Brian clung to Justin, he softly said, “If that’s what cuddling leads to, why the hell did I fight it for so long.”

“Because you hadn’t found me to cuddle with?”  He turned in Brian’s arms and kissed him.  “I need to get back to the kitchen.”

“I’ll be down in a little bit. I’ll go take Jessi off Nat and Connor’s hands.”


A half hour later, the table was filled.  The whole Britin family was there.  Charly had arrived and was introduced to everyone and then she introduced her daughter, Shadow.  The tween was polite but very shy. It was obvious she wasn’t used to a loud, brash group but she obviously loved the three kids. After they had finished eating she sat by the fireplace with Gus and Aaron while the adults sat at the table drinking wine and getting to know each other.

“Charly, would you like me to show you the pool house?” Natalia asked. “I will have everything out tomorrow so if you want to move in you can anytime.”

“That would be great. Shadow, do you want to come see our new place?”

“Why? I don’t have any say in this.” It was the first sign that Shadow, even if she liked kids, wasn’t necessarily ready to move.

Nat and Charly walked toward the pool house.  “I take it your daughter isn’t excited about moving?”

“She wants to leave my parents’ house but she doesn’t want to switch schools. She is going to stay with my mom and dad until the quarter ends but she isn’t happy.  I hope by then, when she has been here on the weekends, she will be ready and besides that, I think my parents will get on her nerves.” Nat laughed as Charly said it.

“Have you been doing it alone long?”

“Really from day one.  We were young and in college.  You know, the same old story.  He tried at first to be a father but he wanted to be a kid himself, yet.  We decided it was best if he didn’t try.  And don’t get me wrong, my parents were great through it all.  I wouldn’t have made it without them, and well, a bunch of the hotel staff really.  They helped me with her when Shadow was young. But I just had to drop out of school and started running the room service department for them.  I always meant to get my degree but it was a big job so now that I am over thirty I talked to my parents and they understood. If I was going to make a change, now was the time to do it.” She paused.  “I’m sorry.  You didn’t ask for all of that.”

“Well, actually I did.” She slid the door to the small house open.  “Welcome to your new home.  I hope it is big enough for the two of you.”

“We are used to living either with my parents or in a hotel room.  This will be fine.” Charly looked at the main living space.  The living room wasn’t large but it had a plush, comfortable sofa and chair. There was a table for two near the small kitchen.  It was a small galley kitchen but it had everything she needed to make a meal for the two of them.  

“Since this was built as a pool house, both bedrooms have bathrooms so that is a nice feature.  This is the small bedroom and the bathroom had a shower but now tub.” She opened the door.  “I am sure Britan won’t care if you paint and redo whatever.”

“Britan? I have heard that word. Isn’t that the name of the estate?” Charly asked.  “That is probably a dumb question.”

“Britan is the name of the estate but since it stands for Brian and Justin, I shorten it up when I am talking about them.” Nat led the way to the next door.  “And this is my, I mean your room.”

“I hope we didn’t push you out.”

“No, I am having surgery next week and was moving in with Em and James to help me out while I recuperate.”

Charly looked around. It was obvious it had been redecorated. It had a new duvet on the bed and curtains and pillows to match. As she walked into her own bathroom there were color coordinated candles and towels. “Did you do all this?”

“I hope you like it.  I lived here the way it had been.  I decided I wasn’t staying here when I had completed the change so I asked Britin if I could freshen it up for you.  I hope I chose well.”

“You did, Natalia, this will be my sanctuary and with a pre teen daughter I need that.” She smiled at Nat. “And Nat, I know I have no idea what you are going to go through in the next couple months but I’m a woman, only a few years older than you so if you want to talk, I’ll be right here give me a call or when you are up to it, drop by.”

“Thanks, Charly. I appreciate that.  I know this is who I am but I have to admit, I’m a little nervous.”

“Of course you are! But we are all here for you.” Charly hugged Nat. “I think I should get back. Thank you for making my room special.”

Later that night Brian and Justin laid in bed.  “You know what?” Justin asked.

“You’re horny?” Brian said hopefully.

“I’m exhausted.  I have a feeling Jessi has a cold coming on but that’s not what I was going to say. I was going to say I feel like we have a great family set up.  Charly and Connor are going to fit in and Shadow was great with the boys.”

“I agree.  Do you think whatever Jessi has is serious?”

“I think it is cold and you and I both know Ronni has a cure for everything.  I am sure it isn’t serious. Babies catch things. You remember with Aaron.  It wasn’t that long ago.”

Before Brian could respond, they heard Jessi whimpering. “Go to sleep,Bri.  You have to go to work in the morning.  I will have both Nat and Connor along with Ronni to help me and before the end of the day, Charly will be here. I will be able to sleep then.” Justin kissed Brian and walked out of the room.


By the end of the week they were getting a routine.  Ronni had set the schedules and Justin approved them.  By Friday, the day of Nat’s surgery, both Connor and Charly were adapting well and Justin left Ronni in charge of Jessi, who was still stuffy but starting to mend.  Brian went to work but planned to be at the hospital before Natalia was out of surgery. For now it was Justin and Emmett sitting with her before she went into surgery.

“Nat, did you talk to your mom and dad?”

“I did.  They want you to call them when I get out and let them know it went well.”

“I will do that,” Em replied.  

There was a knock on the door. Justin walked over and opened it.  He slipped out, “Tom, what are you doing here?”

“Justin, I need to talk to him.”

“The only him in that room is Emmett.”

“Justin, you know what I mean.  Nat.  I need to talk to her,” he emphasised the word. “Please, Justin, go tell him I’m here.” Tom looked into Justin’s eyes. “I love that person in that bed.  I don’t care if they are called Nat or Natalia or Nate or Nathan.”

“Tom, I will ask but if you upset her in any way, we will crush you. Your position at the church will…”

“Justin, she broke up with me, not the other way around. It wasn’t supposed to ever get emotional and when it did she made the decision and now I have made one.  Please ask her to see me.”

“You had to wait until moments before her surgery?” Justin saw the look in Tom’s eyes and went into the room.

“Who’s out there?” Nat asked.

“Nat, Tom wants to talk to you.  I told him, no, but he insists he needs to see you now, before your surgery.  It is up to you.”

Natalia laid there silently thinking for a minute, “Ok, I’ll see him.”

Justin opened the door and Tom walked in.  “Remember what I said, Tom.” With that Emmett and Justin walked out the door.

At the last second, Em said, “We are right here if you need us, baby.”  And with that Tom and Natalia were alone.


In the hall Em looked at Justin. “What did you say to him out there?”

“I told him I would ruin him.  I would tell the church about his lifestyle.”

“You said that?”

“I meant that.” Justin slipped an arm around Emmett’s waist and they sat down in the hall. 

“I wish James could have come but I know he is protecting your kids.  I’m glad you are here. Brian is fuckin’ lucky to have you.”


Nat touched her hair, “I must look horrid.  I’ve been poked and prodded but I have been quaffed for days.”

Tom took her hand, “You are always beautiful.”

She laughed, “The last one to say that to me was Gus.”

“He is a smart little boy, but I will fight him for you if I have to.” Tom smiled and took her hand but Nat pulled it away.

“Tom, you don’t have me to fight over.”

“Natalia Honeycutt, I have thought about this and thought about this and weighed the pros and the cons.  I made my commitment to the church but I also said I would be celibate and I didn’t keep that.  I realized I have been making a mockery out of my position.  I can continue my called just not as a priest.  Nat, you don’t have to answer me right now but Father Kevin has offered me a job.  I am going to move to Atlanta by the end of the year. I hope you will give me a second chance and, I hope, when you are ready, you will marry me.”

“Tom, are you serious? But I don’t want to be the cause of you leaving the priesthood.”

“I am leaving no matter what.  I am going to Atlanta, no matter what. I know I can be helpful in his shelter.  But I can’t keep denying I am a man with needs and that is not part of the priesthood so….”

Nat’s hand reached up and she put a finger on his lips. Then she crooked that finger and directed  him to bend over.  Natalia’s hand slipped behind his neck and brought him down meeting his lips with her own. As she sat up, Tom’s arms wrapped around her. “I can’t wait to marry you, but you might have to be a little patient.  I might have to adjust…”

“I’ll wait forever, babe.” As Tom moved to kiss her again, the door opened and a nurse walked in.

“Ms. Honeycutt, I have a pill for you.  This will start to relax you and we will be back in a few minutes to take you in.” 

Nat took the pill and as the nurse left, Justin and Emmett came back in.  “Tom and I are going to try it.  He’s moving to Atlanta to work for Kevin.”

Justin and Em both smiled. “I was hoping for that,” Justin said.

“I’m happy for you, both,” Em commented.  “You deserve it, honey.”  And with that, the room filled with nurses and assistants, whisking Natalia away.

Em looked over at Tom and saw a mixed look on his face.  Both happiness and concern registered. He walked over and put an arm around him.  “She will be alright. She’s strong and healthy and now, very happy. Want to tell us what your plans are?”  

The three men sat in the hospital room while Tom told them his plans.  “I have been wrestling with this for months and finally, after talking to Father Kevin, he made it clear just being a priest doesn’t make you a better listener or give you special powers.  Being a good listener and helping people doesn’t require an oath to the church and my realizing it isn’t for me is actually better than living the lie I have been living.”

Justin gave him a hug, “I am so glad Kevin could help you talk through this and, I am thrilled not only for you and Nat but also because Kevin will be free to spend half his year with us.”

The three men talked for a couple hours, Em and Justin filling Tom in on the set up in Atlanta. They took turns taking a walk or getting something to eat or drink. Justin called to check on the kids. Ronni assured him, Jessi was perking up and Gus had just gotten home and was upstairs playing with Aaron and Connor. “I will let you know when Nat is out of surgery and when we are heading home.”

“No hurry.  Dante flew out today so I have nothing planned but to snuggle with Jessi while I watch Charly work.  I like her. She will be great to work with.”

“I’m glad it is all working out.  I will text. And let me know if you need anything.” Justin hung up.  It wasn’t long after Justin received a text from Brian.  He was walking up to the front lobby. 

“Em and Tom, I’m going to go get Brian.  When we get back, why don’t you two go get something to eat.  Take a walk.  Get some air.  It is probably going to be a couple hours yet.  I will let you know if he comes back early.”

Ten minutes later Brian and Justin were sitting alone in the empty hospital room. “Tom is here? Is he playing priest?”

“I know we were all upset with him.  Nat was the one who sent him away.  It was just that neither of them were ever going to be happy.  He is leaving the priesthood.  He is going to take your dad up on his offer to run the shelter down there.  He asked Nat to marry him but they aren’t rushing into anything.” 

“That’s good.  I hope they do take their time. Do you think Dad will be spending half his time up here?”

“I would think that is highly likely.” Justin stood and walked to Brian, kissing him. “It’s been a very long day.”

“Why don’t I take you to dinner once Tom and Em get back.  It will be morning before Nat wakes up.  I am sure Tom will stay with Em so he isn’t alone.”

“I would like to be home in time to put the kids to bed.  I hate to be away from them all day.” Brian looked at Justin. “I know, you do it all the time and maybe I should clarify.  I don’t like it when our kids don’t see either of us all day.”

“And I am glad you can be.  I hope now that we have staff hired you will be able to find time to work in your studio every day if you like. I know you miss your work.” Brian had spread his legs and wrapped his arms around Justin’s waist pulling him as close as he could. 

“I do miss time in the studio but our kids come first right now. In twenty years I will have plenty of time to paint and I will miss the kids being around.” Justin leaned over and kissed him.

“Oh, don’t even say that and don’t forget, Jessi is not allowed to leave home without our permission.”

“Brian, our children are all going to be treated equally.  It shouldn’t matter which one it is.”

Just then Em and Tom came back. They both carried bags from a nearby deli. “Why don’t you two head home,” Em said. “I’ll text when he gets out and then we are sure they will send us both home, too.”  

“I plan to come back first thing in the morning,” Tom said.  “I’ll be in touch with Em to let him know if he should come right away or wait for a couple hours.”

“And I will keep you informed on what’s going on,” Em reassured Brian and Justin.

“Thanks, Em.  We are going out for dinner before heading back to Britin so if anything comes up in the next hour we won’t be far away yet.” 

Brian and Justin ate dinner and then, after checking with Em, headed home.  “We may not catch Jessi but hopefully Aaron and Gus will still be up.” Brian said as he increased his speed a bit. 

“Getting a ticket isn’t going to help.” Justin smiled at Brian.

“Maybe not but getting to kiss the boys goodnight is worth a ticket.” Brian reached over and quickly squeezed Justin’s hand and then put both hands on the wheel.

“And going to bed with you is worth any speeding ticket. Oh, I meant to tell you at dinner but got sidetracked when you put your hand in my lap.  I talked to the lawyer today and he said seeing him isn’t a good idea. I emailed a letter to the lawyer who will get it to him and then, if he responds, he will do it through the lawyer.”

“Well, I know how convincing you can be.” Brian glanced over at the man he loved. “Are you Ok with all this?”

“I am.  I don’t trust the man but I do trust the people around Aaron.”  As Justin said it Brian turned into Britin.  Justin used his phone to open the gate and soon they were parked in the garage.  They didn’t waste time. They hurried into the house and straight up the stairs.  As they opened the boys room quietly they found Connor on the floor with Aaron in his arms and tightly against his leg.

“And they lived happily ever after?” Gus asked.

“Of course they did.  Men like your dads love each other so much they could never stop loving each other.”

“Connor is 100% right.”

“Daddies!” Gus got up and ran to his dads, hugging both of them. Aaron instantly tried to get to his dads and Brian picked him up off of Connor.

“Say goodnight to Connor.” Both boys followed Justin’s instructions.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Connor said as he left the room. 

The two men and boys sat on the edge of Gus’ bed as they hugged and kissed each other. After the boys switched laps twice, Justin put Gus down as Brian tucked Aaron into the crib.  Aaron shut his eyes immediately and was out.  As they got to the door, they glanced back at Gus.  He waved and as he snuggled deeper into the blankets he said, “Love you, daddies.”

“We love you, too, Gus.” Both men said it at the same time. They walked over to the nursery. They stood looking down at their little girl in the cradle.  Justin laid his head down on Brian’s shoulder and Brian’s arm went around his waist.  “She is so perfect. I know I wasn’t excited about a baby right now but she was meant for us.” Brian kissed the top of Justin’s head.

Justin picked up the monitor.  He was sure Ronni was on the other end.  “Go ahead and turn off your end.  We got her.”  Ronni pressed a button that pinged in the nursery. That signaled she was off duty for the night.  Brian and Justin walked to the bedroom and Justin walked straight to the bathroom and started the water for the tub. As he returned to the bathroom, his phone pinged.  After looking at it he said, “Nat has been out of surgery for 30 minutes.  Everything went well.”

“Now comes the healing but with Tom at her side that might be easier,” Brian said.

Justin pulled off his shirt and then slowly undid his fly.  He walked over to Brian and started unbuttoning his shirt. “I want you naked.” Brian had already taken off his jacket and he started to undo his belt and soon both men had shed their clothes.  Justin took Brian’s hand and led him to the bath, now filled with scented water. 

“I am so glad when we upgraded we went with the bigger tub. Brian climbed in and Justin followed.  Justin sat down first and spread his legs. Brian sat between them and leaned against Justin’s chest.  Justin slipped his arms under Brian’s arms and his hands rested on his chest.  His thumbs and fingers began to gently rub his nipples.

The movement of the water and Justin’s stroking finger soon had Brian so relaxed he was his head lulled to the side. Justin kissed the curve of his neck. He followed the kiss by trailing his tongue from Brian’s ear to the bottom of the curve.  Justin’s eyes moved down his long, lean body and saw he was having an effect on him.


“Sunshine, you are killing me.” 

“I’ll stop for now.” His hands rested on Brian’s abs. “It will be so nice having Kevin around more. The kids will be so excited to have grandpa around more and I have a good feeling that Natalia and Tom will make it.”

“I do hope the church doesn’t fight him. I like the guy and he deserves to be happy and live his own life. Plus, Natalia will never love anyone else.  Tom and Natalia belong together like you and I do.”

“Well said, my love.” Justin’s tongue began to trace Brian’s ear with his tongue. He moved his hand up and down Brian’s wet body.  “Ready to get out of here and into me?”

“Oh, god, yes!” Brian managed to flip over and slid up Justin’s slick body and stopped when their lips met. “Do you think we could manage it here?”

“We will need to be slow and steady.  The tub is hard.” As Justin talked he moved one leg over the side of the tub and before Justin could say another word, Brian kissed him as he moved in. Brian grasped the edge of the tub and pulling with his arms he moved in and out of Justin.  “Damn, that motion is….oh, fuck!”  Brian was moving at a different angle and he was stroking Justin’s prostate with each move. Justin gripped Brian’s neck as he  quickly drove him to a climax. As Brian continued to orgasm himself, Justin below him continued to clamp around his cock with his muscles as his climax continued. He was nearly incoherent by the time Brian got off.

Brian’s arms were like rubber by the time he collapsed on top of Justin. He slid down and rested his head on Justin’s chest just above the water lever.  “Hey, Sunshine, your heart is going way too fast.”

After a moment and several deep breaths, slowing his heart, Justin replied, “That was beyond...I didn’t think we could find any new things to try but that was mind blowing.”

“It was the best workout I have had in years and definitely the most fun.”

Justin wrapped his arms tightly around Brian, “Well, I am not opposed to you exercising any time although I was totally out of it for a while. That was an angle you had never found before.”

“You have me curious now.  You up for a reverse round?” Brian winked.

From the other room Justin heard Jessi make a noise. “It sounds like our daughter has other plans. It’s probably time for a bottle.  I don’t think you want to wait in here until after the bottle. You have work in the morning.” Brian moved and Justin got up.  He dried off quickly and put on a robe as he moved out of their room and went to the nursery.

Fifteen minutes later, Jessi Anne was asleep in the arms of her sleeping daddy. Brian walked in and took a deep breath. This is what made life worth it.  He gently lifted Jessi out of Justin’s arms.  Justin jerked awake afraid he had dropped her but Brian rested a hand on his shoulder for a split second and then walked their daughter to her crib. He kissed her sweet face and laid her down.  Justin walked up behind him and slipped an arm around Brian and looked around him to see her. He kissed Brian’s neck. As one they turned and walked out of the room.

“We should have four hours now if you…”

“We both need sleep, Sunshine. I know you are a super dad and a super lover, and damn you do both so well but right now, we both need sleep.” Brian made Justin lay down and covered him before stepping on the mattress and stepping over him. He dropped down and pulled the blanket up, making sure they were both tucked in. He spooned up tightly against Justin and left his arm around Justin’s waist. Brian kissed Justin’s neck and whispered, “I love you.” But Justin was already sleeping.


About 4:00 a.m. Tom woke up and got dressed.  He drove over to the hospital and managed to get past the front desk because he had a clergy pass.  He entered Natalia’s room and pulled a chair up to her bed. After kissing her cheek, he sat and reached out for her hand. For the first time in his life he knew he was in love with a woman. Biology didn’t count. This was the soul he would spend the rest of his life with. He stared down at the beautiful woman with tubes going in and out of her body.  He had written the letter to the diocese earlier in the week and dropped it in the mail as he left that morning.  As he watched Nat sleep he thought about moving.  He had been at the church for a very long time but he had nothing to move.  What he would take would probably fit in a couple suitcases and a plastic tub.  What did he have to offer her? Kevin mentioned they could live at his place.  He would only be there half time and he might just move in with his girls, or that was the plan.  

Natalia moved in her sleep and a beeper went off on the machine next to her.  Before Tom could debate if he should get a nurse a young man walked in the room.  He didn’t notice him at first.  He adjusted a line and the alarm stopped.

“Is anything wrong?” Tom said, making the nurse jump.

“Oh,” he jumped.  “I didn’t even notice you. I’m sorry.”

“No, I snuck in earlier.  She moved and then the alarm went off.”

“That makes sense.  She must have moved just enough to kink the line.  I just needed to free it so the fluid could flow. I’ve never seen a pastor here this time of night unless it was for last rights.  What are you doing here?” he asked gently.

“She’s my fiance.”

“That’s cool. I haven’t seen her awake but the person I took over for said she was really sweet to work with.” The nurse looked at Tom.  “I think I have seen you around here before …. Aren’t you a priest?”

“Officially, yes, but I am leaving the priesthood for the woman I love with all my heart.” As Tom spoke the words to this stranger, he felt a weight lift off of him.  “That is what is right for both of us.”

“This is recent, isn’t it?”

Tom smiled, “You could say that.  I told her about five minutes before she went into surgery but she was still fully alert and she wanted me.  Once she is healed, we will be moving to Atlanta to start a new life. We both have jobs and I think it will be best for us.”

“Finding the right one is major.  I better get back to the desk but if you need anything come find me.”

“Thank you.” Tom laid his head on their linked hands and dozed.

He felt something but he wasn’t sure what it was in his sleep hazed mind. He then realized it was fingers combing through his hair and his eyes fluttered open. He moved his head and looked into Natalia’s face. “Good morning, beautiful.” He stood and gently pressed his lips to hers.

“Hi,” her voice came out as a whisper.

Tom could see the pain on her face.  “Let me get a nurse in here for you.  I think they will want to know you are awake.”

Nat held up her hand and shook her head, “First tell me I wasn’t dreaming. Did you really ask me to marry you?”

“And you said yes. You aren’t going to try to back out, are you?”

“I love you, Tom.”

Tom moved down close to her ear, “I love you, Natalia.  I can’t wait to make you my wife.”

She shut her eyes and her face contorted, “I think I could use that nurse now.”

Tom pressed the button and held her hand until the nurse arrived.  Tom slipped out and texted Justin and Em letting them know Nat was awake and doing well.


The next couple weeks, everyone at Britin adjusted to their new roles. Nat was still in pain but she was now settled into James and Emmett’s house.  Tom stopped by at least every other day.  Because he had resigned, the church was requiring him to do many mundane things that they said he had to complete.  They actually were trying to ‘give him time to think about his bad choice’.  Ronni would bring Jessi over if Em had to leave and Nat loved having the baby lay next to her as she cooed and waved her arms.

Justin was contacted by his lawyer and said to expect an email with a voice file attached sometime.  Craig was supposed to send him one and he would pass it on once he received it.  Justin had found an outlet in his art. He did a lot of paintings of his children but he was also experimenting with some new style of painting. It was bolder and darker.  It was the way he released the anger he felt for his father. He wondered what his father had to say.  He would have to wait.

Brian spent a couple nights on the road.  He had a client in Chicago that was having some issues.  He hated to be away from home but he had to do it sometimes.  As he sat in the restaurant with his client his mind drifted away for just a moment as his client’s wife told a story.

“I’m sorry, Brian.  You aren’t interested in an older woman’s reminiscing,” the woman said when she finished.

“No, I should apologize.  You mentioned children and I guess my mind went home.  With the time change my husband is probably giving the boys a bath or our daughter her bedtime bottle.”

“All right, young man, now you must show me pictures and if you don’t have pictures on your phone I will lose all respect for you,” the woman said.

Brian pulled out his phone and found a group of pictures they had done professionally, about a month ago.  He also had a picture of the painting Justin had done of the three children.  “I have more than you will want to see but here is my family.”  Brian handed his phone to the woman.

After she had looked through the pictures she turned to him, “Oh, Brian, your family is stunning. That portrait at the end was beautiful.  Who painted it for you?”

“I am proud to say that it is my husband’s work, Justin Taylor.”

“He does stunning work. Does he do commissions?”   

“He does.  Your husband has all my information and when I get back I will send all of Justin’s contact information.”

“You may not know this, and I am fairly sure you don’t, I own an art gallery, and I don’t agree, but  many say I am the leading curator of art in the midwest.  I had no idea that was your husband!” She was very excited now. “Seeing you and the children I can understand why he turns around most offers to do shows.”

“Wait, what did you say?”

“He has put the word out that he isn’t available at this time.”

Brian smiled, “He is such an amazing father and husband. He doesn’t want to be away much but, if you want him, especially for some kind of benefit, I could probably talk him into it.  Just remember, Justin does make his own decisions.”

“I will see what we have planned for the future.  Even if we could borrow one of his paintings it would be a draw.  I heard how much he earned for a charity in Atlanta.”

“That was a special case.  My father runs the shelter the money went to.”

The woman looked at her husband.  “Don’t dawdle, dear.  This man is needed at home and from the love on his face, he needs to be there.”         

“We can sign all the papers tomorrow at the meeting. I can see all the stories about you when you were young are in your past now. I look forward to a long relationship with Kinnetik.”

Brian returned to the hotel suite.  He undressed and poured himself a glass of bourbon before calling Justin.  “Damn, I miss you, Sunshine. How are the kids?”

“They are fine although I know they miss you.  Aaron was crying and I asked him why and he said he wanted you.”

“Why don’t you reach through the line and tear out my heart?” Brian said, taking a swig of his drink.                                                                                                 

“I just want you to remember we’re waiting here, darling.”

“That is never a problem and the main reason I am calling is to let you know we are signing the last papers in the morning and then I will be on the first flight back.  I should be home early in the afternoon.”             

“That is the best news I have heard in a long time.”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        


Chapter 12 by Simply written

Chapter 12

October was gone in a flash and soon Thanksgiving was upon them. Shadow had been living on the estate for about a month and, although she still missed her old school, she loved living there.  Charly was loving the new job. She had the flexibility to work on her degree as long as she got her work done.  She had the chance to help out with Jessi Anne a couple times and as Ronni got further along she would be asked to help out a little more. She didn’t mind. She loved the kids and working with Ronni and Connor.   She knew Connor was just out of college.  That made him about ten years younger than her but the more time she spent with him the more she wondered if he felt the draw to her like she did to him.

Natalia was getting stronger every day. She and Tom were going to drive down to Atlanta after Thanksgiving so Tom could start learning his role at the shelter because as it stood now, Kevin planned to move by the first of the year. It would be awhile before she would be ready to go back to work but she should be able to set up their new home over the next few weeks. At this point she planned to go to work after the first of the year.

Ronni and Charly were reviewing the menu and the ingredients they already had on hand. It was Monday morning and they had three days to make sure everything would be perfect. All of Britin would be there as well as Justin’s family, Ted and Blake, and everyone coming up from Atlanta on Wednesday.  

 

“I think we have everything covered.  Emmett is working on a couple salads for us and with some help Natalia is making bread.  Her bread is so amazing.”

“I can’t wait to try it.  I will make the pies.  I know there will be pumpkin, pecan, Dutch apple, and maybe chocolate or something,” Charly said.

“That sounds like a great variety. I know Dante will be thrilled there is pecan.  That is his favorite.”

“How are you feeling? I know you have had a couple of rough days.”

“The biggest issue I have is if I am on my feet too much.  I can do a lot sitting at the counter and I know there will be so much help here I will be able to take it easy.  You haven’t met Sal and Brandy but they are great women and know their way around a kitchen.  I am sure you will like them.”

“It’s hard to believe that I have only been here two months and yet they treat us like family.”

“I thought you might want to go to your parents for the holiday,” Ronni commented.

“We never had holiday dinners on the holiday.  They run a hotel and catering service.  I think we will go there on Saturday for our family dinner. It will be nice to just be with a small group.” Charly hugged Ronni who hugged her back.  “I am just so happy here.  It really does feel like home.”

Ronni smiled at her.  “May I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“You and Connor, is there something…”

Charly flushed, “He is way too young for me. I mean he….

“Age means nothing.  What is your heart, your soul telling you?”

“You are too good.  I wish I knew.  He is a great guy but neither of us have said anything.  I just watch him with the kids and I just feel something.”

“He is staying for the holiday, too.  There will be nothing for him to do.  Trust me Brandy and Sally will be attached to one of the kids the whole time and the third will probably be in Kevin’s arms.  “Is Shadow staying with her grandparents at all?”

“Well, yes, they are picking her up on Friday so she can shop with one of her friends.”

“So, you will invite him to your place Friday evening for a little peace and quiet.  The house will be loud and crowded.  Make a pizza and ice cream sundae.  Find a movie or turn on soft music and talk. Get to know each other.”

“You’re right.  I’ll do it.”


Justin was up in his studio when his phone sounded.  He finished what he was doing and then wiped his hands on a towel and went to pick up his phone. He expected it to be an itinerary from the family or a friend with a question about the holiday but he was wrong.  He stopped when he saw he had an email from their lawyer with a file attached. After being paranoid his father would try to take Aaron, now he was scared to see what it was. He was worried his dad had filed papers to get Aaron.  He wasn’t sure he could look at them alone.  It would wait until Brian came home.

That night Gus couldn’t stop talking. He was so excited he could barely handle it.  He knew his grandpa and his aunts were coming up for four days and he would be able to play with them. Brian noticed Justin was quiet so when Gus and Aaron were done eating Brian asked Connor if he would mind taking the boys upstairs and getting them ready for bed. Gus complained a bit.  “We will come up for story time,” Brian assured him.  With that Gus agreed and went upstairs.

“Spill it. What is bothering you?” Brian asked as he held Jessi, making faces at her so she would smile.

“I got an email today.  It is my father’s response about Aaron.”

“What did it say?”

“I couldn’t read it alone.  I don’t know what I will do if…”

“Sunshine, you won’t do anything.  We will handle it.  Our lawyer has been outlining your dad’s case showing all the reasons he should never be allowed near him.” Brian stood and handed Jessi to Ronni who had been cleaning up silently in the kitchen and then he took Justin’s hand, having him stand up. “We will read it together after the kids are down. Justin, he is not going to succeed.  He has no claim.” Brian kissed him.  “Let’s go read a couple stories and let Connor off for the night. We can read to the boys and get them in bed. Then with a glass of wine we will see what Craig has to say.”

“I know you’re right. It’s just that…”

“No justs. No buts.  We have nothing to worry about.” As they walked up the stairs he hoped he was right.

Ronni said from behind them, “I will heat water while I put this one to bed.” Ronni kissed the sleeping baby and said to herself. “Such a perfect human being.”

Brian and Justin walked into the boys’ bedroom and thanked Connor for putting them in the bath.  After finishing in the tub, Brian and Justin helped the boys into their pajamas.  Brian let Justin focus on Aaron.  When it was story time, all of them sat on the bed as Brian and Gus picked the books.  Aaron snuggled closer to Justin’s chest and Justin’s arms tightened around his warm body.  

By the time Brian finished the last story, Aaron had fallen asleep in Justin’s arms.  “Goodnight, Daddies, I love you.” Gus said as Brian tucked the blanket around him.  As Justin laid Aaron down, Brian put an arm around his waist, kissing his temple when he stood back up.  They left the room together.

“Let’s go get the tea. I am sure Ronni has it waiting for us and we can go to the office to read the email.” Ronni did have cups waiting and they carried them to the office. Brian sat down and pulled Justin onto his lap. Justin signed into his account and clicked on the email and then opened the attachment as he turned away.

“I’m not sure I can read this,” he said.  

Brian looked at the screen. “Sunshine, there is nothing to read.  It appears your dad has sent us a video message. Are you ready for it?”

“Brian, do you mind if I listen to this myself?” He stood up. “I know I just begged you to read this to me and now I…” 

Brian stood and picked up his tea. “I’ll be in the kitchen, Sunshine.” He walked to the door. “I love you.”

“I love you, too, Brian.”

Once the door shut Justin drank some of his tea and took a deep breath before pulling the rolling chair close to the desk.  He picked up the cup again and then clicked on the play button.  

The screen lit up and then his father came into camera view and sat down.  He started talking,

‘Justin, I know you expected something from me probably a month ago. I almost sent something earlier but I was torn.  I still don’t think it is right for men like you to raise children.  I’m not a perfect father. I know that but I wouldn’t expose my son to the things you and Kinney do.

But your sister let me know he was a happy boy.  She told me you have  nannies and housekeepers.  She also said they spent lots of time with your kids. I know your mom ditched me but she was always a great mother to you kids.

Anyway, what I really want to say is your sister showed me I don’t have anything to offer the boy right now. I need to get my life together now.  I am not saying I am giving him up permanently but right now I know you will take good care of him.

One more thing, that also means I will quit checking out your place. I saw you upped security.  I did sit out of sight across the road a couple times. Your cameras seemed to fail to catch movement that far away although there was a time a deer… well, anyway, I plan to follow the restraining order and when it expires we will talk again.

Justin, I do want what is best for all my children. A father always loves his children.’

Justin felt both relief and fury. It sounded like Molly hit a nerve with him and he would thank her on Thursday but he thought he could just leave him there until he got back on his feet. Justin stood. He needed to talk to Brian.  Brian would help him think straight. He moved quickly out of the office and then to the kitchen.  Brian opened his arms and without a word Justin stepped into them.

“What did he say?”

“It was him across the road the night James saw the deer.”

“I’ll call the police…”

“Brian, he isn’t going to do anything right now.  Molly convinced him he needed to get his life together before he tries for any custody of any kind.  He hasn’t given up but he has for now.”

Brian kissed him.  “I don’t think Molly realizes what she did but his ‘postponing’ this will show the courts he isn’t serious about raising Aaron. Make sure you save that video and that our lawyer will keep it for the future and now, you and I need to sleep before that perfect baby of ours wakes up for a bottle.

“Bri, you go up to bed.  I think I’ll just stay up until her last bottle.  I need to think.”

Brian pulled him close, “Don’t worry but I understand.  Tomorrow is my last day before the holiday so I need to get to bed now.” They kissed once more and then Brian went upstairs and Justin walked over to the bar but then went to the kitchen instead and reheated the water for another cup of tea.  He dug in the back of Ronni’s tea and located what he was looking for.  He brewed a weak cup and then added a few leaves of another flavor.  He knew he would be very relaxed but this wasn’t enough to make him high.  He needed to get his father’s voice out of his head.  He kept hearing the words ‘the things you and Kinney do’ and ‘a father always loves his children’.

His father only loved his children if they did what he thought was right.  So kidnapping a man was fine but loving your soulmate wasn’t. He just couldn’t understand. He drank more of his tea.  Justin was in such deep thought he didn’t hear the footsteps.

“Justin, what’s up?” Justin jumped at Connor’s voice. “I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to surprise you?”

“Not your fault.  I was just …. In my own world. I wasn’t quite ready for bed and Jessi will be awake for her last bottle and then I ….”

“Justin, are you high?” 

“No, well on the edge. I drank some of Ronni’s tea.  I needed something to …. My father has given me his word that he will not try to take Aaron.”

“Well, that’s great news so why are you so…”

“First, he’s not the most reliable person but a couple of the things he said on video Brian is sure will help us.  I just…”

“He’s your father and even though he’s an asshole you miss the relationship?”

Justin looked at him, “Yes, it’s that exactly. I have such a great family so why do I care about that shit?”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“Because the good part of him is in your memory? He couldn’t have such an amazing family without having something good inside of him.”

“I think my mother brought out the good in him and they separated because of Brian and I.”

“No, that would not be the reason the marriage ended.” When Brian had gone up he turned the intercom on in Jessi’s room so now they both heard her making little noises. Now both Connor and Justin heard her.  Justin got up and started to make the bottle.

“Go to bed, Justin.  I will feed her and put her down.”

“No, I need to hold her.  I need to remember what being a father is really like. Thanks for the offer, but I’ve got this. I will see you in the morning.” With that Justin went upstairs to feed his daughter. He lifted her up and after sitting down, rocked gently as she drank greedily.

“Slow down, sweetheart.  You are eating too fast.  You are growing so quickly.  You’re our last baby.  I will miss this time.”

Connor listened to Justin talk to his daughter and couldn’t imagine what would happen if his father tried to take Aaron away.  Justin was fierce when it came to his children.  And he would be right there to back him up. He shut off the intercom and went to bed.

Justin put the sleeping babe back in her cradle and walked back to the master, getting into bed with Brian.  In his sleep, Brian reached for him and Justin willingly went into his arms.


Tom lay next to Natalia.  He held her close although he still was very careful, knowing she was still not 100%.  She turned to face him and kissed him. “Do you know how happy I am to wake up with you next to me?”

“No happier than I am.  I totally believe in the priesthood but why you are not allowed to marry just makes no sense. I am so glad Father Kev is giving me a chance to still do what I love and now I can do it with the one I love.”

“I am thinking about taking a walk to the main house.  Thanksgiving is tomorrow and it would be a lot easier to make the bread with their counter space and Charly said she would help me. I don’t think I can do all the kneading.”

“I will join you.  I know the Atlanta crew will be here around noon but until then I bet Gus is going to be wound up.  I will try to entertain him for a while.”

“You are such a good man.”

Tom got up and gave Nat a hand.  She tried not to show it but she still had twinges of pain. Tom offered the second hand and pulled her up wrapping his arms gently around her waist.  “Do you want to share a shower?” Tom asked.  It was a very tight fit in the small shower but he knew it hurt her to wash her hair.

“Does my hair look that bad?”

“Not at all.”

“Let’s both take a change of clothes along and sneak into Brian and Justin’s bathroom later.  That shower is big enough for an orgy and it has a seat in it.  Then you can help me wash my hair and I can,” she ran her hand along his cock, “enjoy a large treat.” As she finished the sentence his cock got rock hard. 

“Just the thought of…” Tom pulled her to him and his lips claimed hers with a crushing force.

When he let her go she said, “I am sorry. I know you want more and…”

“Oh, no Nat!  Don’t ever feel that way. We have the rest of our lives to make love, but we are in love and being free to be in love …. I can have the patience of Job waiting to make love to you.”

“I have a lot to learn about the Bible.  I hope you’ll teach me.  I want to learn to love what you love.”

“You don’t know how happy that makes me.” Tom smiled at her. “Want me to help with your top?”

“Yes, please.”

 

The two got ready to go to the main house.

As they got to the main house Gus seemed to be everywhere at once while Aaron tried to keep up with his big brother. Connor was trying to keep up with them. “Gus, I have a favor to ask.  Would you be willing to help me with something outside?”

“Gus stopped and looked at him.  Um, how long will it take? My grandpa and aunts…”

“Oh, I know they will be here in about three hours.  We will be back by lunch. That will be plenty of time.”

“Ok, I would like to do that then. I better go ask my dads.”

Ronni had been eavesdropping, “Gus, I will let your dads know you are with Tom.  They will be fine with that.”

“Ok, Ronni.  Thank you.”

“Go get your jacket. It is cold out.” As Gus bundled up, Tom walked to Ronni.  “I am not sure what we are doing but I could tell he needed to get out for a bit.”

“Thank you,” was all Ronni took time to say as she continued her work.

Tom and Gus walked back to Emmett and James' house. Before going in Gus asked, “Tom, can we look at Dante and Ronni’s house?”

“I think as long as we are careful we should be able to take a look. It is getting close to being finished.”

“I will miss Ronni living in my house but I know she will still be here during the day.” Gus smiled up at Tom.  “Nat is looking very pretty, isn’t she.”

“Yes, she is and I love her very much.”

“Are you going to marry her?”

“Sometime.  We are in no rush.  Both of us have had big changes so we need to get used to the new us and then we will start planning our future.”

“I’m glad.  Nat has always loved you, even when she was Nate.”

“Did she tell you that?”

“No, she didn’t but I could tell.” 

“You are a very smart boy.”

Dante happened to be at the house so he gave them a tour.  After that, they went to see Em.  “Uncle Em, do you need anything at the store? Tom and I are going to the store.”

“Actually, I did realize I forgot to buy pecans.  I was just going to leave them out but it is so much better when I put them in.”

“Well, Gus, are you ready to go shopping?”

“Can I get a treat? And one for Aaron?”

“I think that sounds like a good idea.” Tom smiled at Gus.  We will have to go take one of your dad’s cars.  I don’t have a car seat.”

“There is one in Ronni’s car and that is right here.”

“So it is.” Tom texted Ronni and five minutes later they were on the road.


Brian and Justin, along with Jessi, were on their way to the airport. “Are you feeling any better about your dad’s message?”

“I am.  I have to. I can’t let him win.  I talked to Molly and she promised she would keep me informed if he says anything and of course she will keep telling him he doesn’t want to raise another child.” 

“Which I would guess is very true.” Brian touched Justin’s cheek. “I really feel like we are good, at least for a year or so.”

“Yes, and your father and his girls will be here and starting the first of the year, Kevin will be up here half the year. That will be so nice.” Jessi cooed in the back.  “Yes, beautiful girl, you are excited to see your papa more often too, aren’t you.” Justin looked back at their little girl and she smiled at him.

They were just pulling into that airport pickup lane when Kevin, Sally, and Brandy came out of the doors.  A few minutes later, the suitcases were in the back, Justin was in the back seat. Brandy and Sally sat on either side of Jessi while Kevin rode up front with Brian.  As they rode, Sally and Brandy fawned over Jessi while Kevin and Brian talked about the Legacy center.  Justin curled up on the back seat and fell asleep.

Tom and Gus arrived back at the house.  Ronni put Gus to ‘work’ having him carry towels upstairs bathroom by bathroom.

“Ronni, Do you think Brian and Justin would mind if Tom and I used the master bath shower?It is so hard for Tom to help me wash my hair in our small shower.”

“Go ahead.  If they get home I will tell them.  And, Gus should have just brought a bunch of towels up there. After that, you need to get some rest. If you don’t, you will be too tired to enjoy tomorrow.” 

“But I want to see Sally and Brandy before tomorrow when there are so many people around.”

“I will send them your way to visit sometime this afternoon. I will talk to them and I will let you know when they are coming.” Ronni assured her.  “I know they want to see you.”

Nat kissed Ronni’s cheek.  “Thank you, Ronni, I will.”

They walked up the stairs, hand and hand.  Once they were in the large shower stall Tom pulled her to him. He let his mouth travel down to Nat’s newly created breasts. “I am just making sure all your nerve endings are working.”  When he felt Nat shiver, he knew that was from pleasure not pain. He had Nat sit and, with a hand held shower head, he wet her hair down and then massaged shampoo in and then followed by conditioner.  Once the conditioner was in, Natalia put her hands on his hips and pulled him close.  She welcomed his erection into her mouth. He placed his hands on her shoulders and enjoyed the feel of her mouth on him.  He put his hand on the back of her head as he filled her mouth with cum. 

Tom bent and kissed her long and deep. “I love you.  I love you so much.  I can’t believe I almost let you go.” 

Nat stood and wrapped her arms around him. “I am so glad you didn’t.”  

Soon they dressed and Tom drove her back for a deserved rest.

Connor managed to get Aaron down for a nap while he sat with Gus, working on his reading. “Connor?”

“Yes, Gus?”

“Is my grandpa here yet?”

“Not quite but he will be soon.” Connor gave him a little hug.  “What do you say you practice one of your favorite books and then you can read it to your grandpa or your aunts or all of them.”

“I don’t know if I can read good enough.”

“Gus, you can do anything you want to do so if you want to read a story to your grandpa, you can do it.”

Gus scampered off his bed and grabbed one of his favorite books and crawled up next to Connor where they stayed practicing until Aaron woke up.


“Bro, is Justin sick? He has been sleeping the whole way home.” Brandy asked quietly not wanting to wake him.

“No, he has just been working a lot and the asshole made him wait over a month to respond to him about Aaron. It appears for the time being he isn’t going to push for custody.”

“Thanks to Molly,” Justin’s voice came from the back.  “I am sorry.  That was really rude of me.”

“Not at all!” Sally said.  “Just because we are the ones traveling doesn’t mean you haven’t done anything. We want to see you keep yourself healthy. None of us want to deal with him without you,” she pointed at Brian. “By the way, Brian, it is good to see you on both legs again.”  Jessi started fussing.  “I just want to scoop her up and…”

“Well, since we are now on the estate scoop away.” Before Brian had fully stopped the car, Sally had Jessi in her arms.

“She has grown so much since we saw her in August!” Sally kissed her plump cheek and then passed her on for Brandy to get a snuggle in. Brandy made sure Jessica was all bundled and made a dash for the house. Sally followed while Brian, Justin, and Kevin carried in the bags.

As soon as they entered the house became a beehive. When Gus heard the extra noise he looked at Connor who nodded but put a finger to his lips.  Aaron would wake soon enough and this way Gus had a few minutes alone with them.  Gus ran right into Kevin’s arms and Kevin picked him up and twirled him around and then held him tight.  “Gus, you have grown.  It is obvious you are learning a lot in kindergarten. You look smarter.”

“Grandpa, someone can’t look smarter but I do want to read you a story sometime.”

“Well, how about at bedtime tonight? I would love to hear the story.” Kevin said as he set Gus down so his aunts had a chance to hug him and he took the baby for a little walk.  She was getting fussy.

“I am sure little miss is hungry. Would you like me to take her?” Ronni said as she gave Kevin a kiss on the cheek.

“I would love to feed her if I had the bottle.”

“Sure, have a seat and I will bring it to you.”

As Kevin fed Jessi, Justin introduced everyone to Charly and Shadow.  “We were just leaving,” Charly commented.  “Ronni, I will be here early tomorrow morning.”

“Charly, are you coming back for pizza with us?”  Ronni asked.

“We don’t want to intrude.”

“You aren’t intruding.  James and Em are coming for sure and Connor will be here so you are more than welcome.”

Charly looked at Shadow who nodded quickly.  “Looks like we will be here. What time?”

“Probably around 6:00. If we change the time I will let you know.”

Charly and hurried out the door to the pool house.

“Oh, that reminds me, Sally and Brandy, Natalia was wondering if you could stop by sometime this afternoon. She doesn’t want to wait until tomorrow to see you.”

“Sure.  How is she doing?”

“She’s doing great.  Having Charly here, another young woman, has helped her, I think.  She may have questions for you, too.  There are a lot of men in this place and she has all new parts.”

“Point us in the right direction and we need a tour of this place soon.” Before Brandy finished the sentence Connor came down with a sleepy Aaron. He looked at all the people and beamed.  Aaron, give me a hug.” Brandy took her nephew from the stranger in front of her. “Hey, I’m Brandy.  That gorgeous woman over there is Sally, and she is MINE.” Brandy glanced at Sally and smiled.

“She knows very well, even though I think you are beyond cute, I may drool, but I always go back to the woman I love.”

“I’m Connor, I’m the manny for the boys.”

“Give yourself credit, Connor, you help with all the kids and anything else we ask of you.” Brian said. 

“We were just talking, we will have pizza for dinner but I am betting everyone needs some lunch.  It is still five hours until then and I would guess none of you had too much on the plane.” Ronni pulled out platters of meats and cheeses and brought out breads and condiments.  “I will let Nat know you are going to be there in an hour and a half or so.”

“Thanks, Ronni.  You are everything they said you are including a grandmother to be.  I am sure Em and your son are so excited.” Sally said as she made a sandwich.

“”Well, I am so excited to be a grandmother. I can’t wait to spoil her.”

“Her? They are having a girl?” Brandy asked as she followed Sally.

“No, I just have a feeling.” 

“Well, whatever you have it is a very lucky baby.” Brandy said.

 

The girls went and spent a couple hours with Natalia.  They started planning some of the desserts Nat planned to make and how once she was 100% the back room was going to be made into a bakery.  When Sal  and Brandy left James and Em’s house they were both flying high about their future.  They also met Tom and liked him very much.  They said they would start looking for a place for the two of them to live.

As afternoon turned into evening pizzas were ordered and Em and James, along with Connor, Charly and Shadow, joined the family for pizza.  Dante took Ronni out for a relaxing dinner and Tom and Nat ordered a pizza but Nat was worn out after cooking with Charly earlier.

After Tom texted Justin what kind of pizza they wanted, they sat on the sofa.  “Did you do too much today?” Tom asked Nat as she laid her head in his lap.

“Maybe a little but I loved it. I am so tired of not doing anything and I have to admit, as much as I am enjoying having them, breasts really do get in the way. I had to knead my dough differently.” Nat was silent for a minute.

“What is it, beautiful?” Tom stroked her hair.

“I just wonder if I will be sorry I didn’t have a full reconstruction.  I mean I am glad to get rid of my penis and those balls, I love so much on you, but just never felt comfortable with them. Am I going to be sorry someday?”

“I know you didn’t ask my opinion, but…”

“Of course I want to hear what you think.”

“You know I would always love you but I am not sure I would know what to do with a vagina.  I know we would have figured it out but, I don’t plan to let you go.  I love you, your soul, and your body.” He ran his hand along Natalia’s thigh and over her ass. “I do have to admit, I will be thrilled when you are ready for us to go a step further.

“Tom, I was thinking about that.  I am trying to figure out where we are going to get married.  “What would you think of getting married on Christmas? I am sure James and Emmett would come to Atlanta and I could invite my parents.  I don’t think they will come but my mom might. And Brian and Justin and their kids are already going to be down there.”

“Really? Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure and I think we should wait until then to have sex again.  I know that sounds silly but by then I am sure I will be more than ready and I can’t imagine not feeling your hands on me but…. I talked to Sally and Brandy about some of this today and I am going to move in with them until we are married and you can stay with Kevin until we can find our own place.”

There was a knock on the door and Nat sat up so Tom could get the pizza. He set the pizza on the coffee table and then grabbed them each a beer.  “I love your idea.  Do you think we can find a place to get married?”

“I don’t care.  It will be a very small group.  I don’t care if we get married in the diner but I bet if we get married in the early evening, with Father Kevin’s connections, I bet we could find a chapel with Christmas decorations that would let us use it for an hour.  Just think, no cost for decorations.”

Tom handed a beer to Nat and kissed her as he sat down.  “I love your plan and I love you. Now, let’s eat!”

“And then you will move into the extra bedroom upstairs?”

Tom looked surprised for a moment but then nodded. “And then I will move upstairs.”


“If you want pizza you better all get in the kitchen,” Brian called as he held Jessi against his chest.  “And you, pretty girl, have been spending far too much time with your aunts and grandfather.  I have hardly had a chance to hold you today.”

“Well, you can hold her any day,” Brandy said as she snatched the baby from his arms. “I can’t believe how big she is already. And Aaron is getting to be such a little man.  He has moved from a baby to a toddler.  Does that make sense?”

“Yes, it definitely does. He is learning new words and skills every day,” Justin said as he walked past carrying a couple pitchers of drinks and putting them on the table.  

Soon family and near family were all sitting around the table eating and laughing. Instead of reading his story to just his grandpa, after he had finished his pizza he whispered something to Connor and Connor nodded.  Gus ran off.

“I hope it is alright. I gave him permission to get something. He has something he would like to share with everyone. We talked about it earlier.”

“What’s he up to now?” Brian smiled at Justin.

“Don’t ask me.”

A few people were still eating a little of the pizza but when Gus came back he had everyone’s attention.  He was holding a book. “I,” Gus looked at all the people at the table. “Never mind.”  He ran out of the room and up a few steps before he sat.  Connor stood up and followed him, sitting next to him on the step.

“What’s wrong Gus?”

“There are so many people in there.”

“There are quite a few but you know what?”

“What?”

“Every person in that room loves you SO SO much. They are proud of you already and no matter what, they will always love you.”

“But what if I forget a word?”

“Would you like to sit on my lap while you read? If you get stuck, I’ll whisper it to you.”

“Are you sure I can read good enough?”

“I know you are.”

They walked hand in hand back to the table and Connor lifted him up onto one knee. And then Gus opened a book and read every word of a book about a Puppy for Peter.  When he finished everyone at the table clapped and cheered.

Brian stood and lifted Gus off of Connor’s leg and hugged him tight.  “That was amazing! I didn’t know you could read that well! When can you start work at my office.  Kinnetik could use a guy like you.”

“Daddy, you are so silly.” Gus wrapped his arms around his neck.

While Charly and Shadow dipped ice cream for everyone and set out topping for sundaes, Gus ended up getting hugs from everyone.  And after sundaes, the girls took Gus and Aaron up for a bath while Kevin gave Jessi a bottle. Emmett and James said goodbye and shortly after that Charly and Shadow left, too.  Soon the children were in bed and Connor said goodnight, leaving the five adults sipping wine and catching up.

“I don’t know if we should,” Brandy said to Sal.  Sally pulled out her phone and texted someone.  Shortly after she received a text back.  She nodded at Brandy.

“So, I just texted Nat and she gave me the go ahead.  Tom and Natalia are getting married on Christmas evening. They are hoping you will marry them, Father Kev? They are hoping we can find a little church or chapel….”

“Of course I will marry them and I think I know a perfect place!  There is a small church near the shelter…”

“Why didn’t we think of that?” Brandy asked, swatting at Sally playfully.  That church just two blocks down the road.  It would be perfect!” 

“We have been to a couple weddings there.  It is perfect.  Why didn’t we think of that?”

Kevin already had his phone out and was texting. “I just texted the pastor to see if it is free for a small wedding that evening. They aren’t expecting a crowd are they?”

“I am sure they aren’t. It sounds like Tom doesn’t have family and Natalia hopes his mom might come but if not, I am sure Em and James will be there.” Brandy said as she and Sally were now snuggling Jessi as she slept.  “Why don’t we go put her down for you and we need to get some sleep. We promised to be up early to help. We are going to have twice as many cooks as we need but it will be so much fun.”

The women waved and walked up the steps, leaving Justin, Brian, and Kevin alone for the first time since they arrived.  “So, Justin,” Kevin draped an arm around his son in law. “I hear it is sounding more positive that your father will be leaving you alone for now anyway.”

“I am hoping so.  I am afraid I have to acknowledge his ‘good will’ somehow but I don’t want to give him too much attention. I do think he doesn’t have a prayer of getting him living in a small rundown apartment a couple months after he got out of job.  Our lawyers say it is very unlikely he would get custody.  He may be able to get visitation but even that, unless it is chaperoned, would scare me to death.”  He took a deep breath and laid his head on Kevin’s shoulder, “But I am not going to let it bother me.  We need to live.”

Kevin tightened his arm around him and kissed his head.  “I can tell you, I pray for all of you every day and I will definitely ask for extra protection for Aaron.”

“Thank you.  I know we don’t do the church thing but I believe there is some kind of higher power and I know you have a direct line to him or her.”

They all got up for one reason or another and when they sat again, Brian was leaning back and Justin’s arms were wrapped around him. Kevin smiled to see his son so happy.  “You two are definitely happy. That is obvious.”

“Dad, how could I not be? Since you came into my life, I can't be anything but happy,” Brian said. “And could you believe Gus reading like that tonight? I knew he could read a few words and we have had him read those super small books but this was a whole book.”

“Any child who gets as much attention and love as yours do, are going to feel supported and strive for the stars.” Kevin had been very proud of him and felt blessed to be able to see it.

“To think it was only a year ago that I knew you existed.” Brian had to take that in.

“That is hard to believe.”

“I hope to get to the hospital and see Anna Claire while I’m here but I know after Christmas I will be able to see her regularly, if she will let me.”

“Last time I saw her she asked about you so that means she is thinking about you. We will call on Friday and see what her mood is.  If you don’t see her this visit, I will start priming her for you moving here.”

“Thanks, Justin.” The conversation then switched to the Legacy Center they were going to open after the first of the year.  It was midnight when they walked up the steps together. Justin kissed Kevin on the cheek and ducked in their room. Brian and his dad hugged for a full minute.  

“Dad, I am so glad you are here and that soon you will be here a lot more.”

“Brian...son, I can’t put into words how much this means to me.  I had my girls, and I love them like my own, but you are mine and that can never be taken away from me.” They said goodnight and Brian and Kevin separated.

Brian entered the bedroom and found Justin in the shower. He joined him. Wrapping his arms around him from behind, Justin leaned against him.

“I hope you don’t mind not having sex tonight.  It is late and I have a headache.  I took one of my pills and thought the warm water would relax me.”

“Do you have your tea up here?”

“Ya, I have the water heating in the electric kettle over there,” he pointed toward the counter. “Don’t worry, darling. It isn’t a bad one.  It was one too many drinks and the need for sleep.” He turned to face Brian.  “We have so much to be thankful for.”

Brian kissed him.  “Yes, we do and it is only going to get better. Now, let’s get you into bed.” He turned off the water and helped dry Justin’s back and ass and then handed him the towel and Justin finished drying himself as Brian quickly dried off, too.  “Go lay down.  I will bring your tea.”

A couple minutes later, Brian strode from the bathroom, still naked, with a cup of tea in his hand. He handed it to Justin and then, after shutting off all the lights except the one on the nightstand, Brian got into bed next to Justin.  As soon as Justin finished his drink, he laid his head down on Brian’s chest. 

"Sleep, Sunshine. I'll get up with Jessi. You just sleep." Soon he heard the deep breaths of a man asleep. Damn, he wasn't sure how but this moment with all his family around him, he felt more loved than ever before.

Brian slipped out from under Justin's head when he heard Jessi waking up, not wanting her to wake Justin.  He sat in the rocking chair as she drank her bottle and he said, "You know, little one, last year at this time I didn't know your grandpa oryour aunts or you.  I don't know what I did to deserve this life, but whatever the hell it was, I am thankful.

Chapter 13 by Simply written

Chapter 13


Kevin woke up to a soft knock on the door. “Come in.” 

He looked over and saw Gus’ dark head peek around the door frame. “Happy Thanksgiving,” he said as he timidly walked in.

“Come on over here,” Kevin said and Gus hurdled across the room.  He stopped just short of the bed but as soon as Kevin pulled the blanket back and patted the mattress next to him Gus scampered into his grandfather’s arms. Kevin pulled the blanket over both of them.

“Grandpa, are you really going to move here?”

“Well, I will be spending about half the year here and half the year back in Atlanta.”

“I am so glad I will get to see you more.  Are you going to live here?”

“Well, I am not sure yet.  For a while I probably will but eventually I think I will want to live closer to my work and besides, I don’t think your dads meant to invite me forever.”

“I do.” He hugged him.

“By the way, you are a very good reader.  I was very impressed.”

“Connor helped me learn it.  A couple of the words were kind of hard but I started to remember them.”

You did so good. I think you are a very smart boy.”

Gus and Kevin sat in bed and talked for a long time.  When they heard a knock on the door they both jumped a little.  “My bedroom is never this busy,” Kevin said as the door opened.

“Oh, there you are!” Brian rushed across the room. “We’ve been looking all over for you.”

“It was my fault, I think,” Kevin said.   “Gus came in here to say good morning and I called him over and we were just enjoying our talk,” Kevin smiled down at Gus, “and our snuggle.” Gus wiggled closer to Kevin.

Brian took a calming breath.  “We are always just a bit nervous when the kids aren’t where we think they should be and well…”

“I’m sorry, Daddy. Did I scare you and Daddy J.”

“We knew you wouldn’t have gone very far on your own.  No problem.  We know where you are now and I better go tell Daddy J. When you and Grandpa are done with your talk, your clothes are on your bed.”

“Ok, Daddy.”

Brian pulled his phone out of his pocket and texted  Justin.  ‘He’s in Kevin’s room.’  He moved down the hall and down the steps where Justin rushed into his arms with Aaron on his hip. “He’s fine.  He and Dad are having a great time.”

Sally walked by and snatched Aaron from Justin and Brian pulled Justin into his arms. “I told you he was fine.”

“Bullshit, you were as scared as I was.”

“We need to stop panicking.  Your dad said he isn’t going to do anything and why would he take Gus?”

“I know. He is just so unpredictable but you’re right, he isn’t going to do anything. Is Gus coming down?”

“I am sure it won’t be long.  They were so cute….did I just say that? My heart skipped a beat, not only because I had found him but he laid next to my dad, under the covers, smiling from ear to ear.  I couldn’t get mad at him.  He is going to dress before he comes down.” Brian kissed Justin.  “Your headache is really gone?”

“It is.  I told you it would be.  Mom, Tuck, and Mol should be around noon.  We are planning to eat around 1:00.  I just think Gus should eat a bit now.  I am sure he will as soon as they come down.  Kevin will want something, too.”

Ten minutes later Kevin and Gus came down the steps hand in hand, entering the kitchen with smiles from ear to ear. Justin picked Gus up and hugged and kissed him. “You, young man, scared me.  I know you didn’t mean to and I should have thought you would want to see your grandpa. But,” Justin kissed his oldest boy, “Happy Thanksgiving!”

Soon Sally had set pancakes in front of Gus, the little silver dollar kind they knew Gus liked, and Brandy gave him some fruit and a little shot of syrup. Aaron was already eating in his highchair with Connor at his side.  Dante and Ronni sat with Jessi, who was drinking a bottle. And now, Brian, Justin and Kevin sat, too.  Sally and Brandy asked the men what they would like for breakfast.  They all said a pancake and some fruit sounded perfect.  The adults knew how much food they would be eating later. While Sal and Brandy took care of breakfast, Charly and Shadow worked on food for dinner.


It was 11:00 when Em, James, Tom, and Natalia arrived.  They brought some of the food and after setting it on the counter everyone circled Tom and Nat congratulating them and Kevin assured them he had a place for them and would be thrilled to marry them. 

By noon, Molly came in with Jennifer and Tuck right behind her.  Those that didn’t cook went and sat in front of the TV.  Brandy, with Ronni’s permission, took charge of the kitchen. Ronni moved with Dante to the sectional. Even Justin sat with Brian.  They didn’t need him in the kitchen.  Tom sat on the floor with Gus and Aaron in front of the fireplace. Jenn and Tuck sat on a loveseat that had been pulled in from the formal living room, while Molly sat in a chair with Jessi in her arms. “Mol, you could put her in the cradle.  She is sound asleep.”

“I know, but she can sleep in my arms, too. She is so sweet.” Molly rocked slightly.

Brian kissed Justin’s cheek, “What could be better than a day like today? Everyone we love in one room.”

“I still feel guilty we didn’t invite your mom,” he could feel Brian’s eyes from behind.

“Have you talked to Joan lately?”

“No,” Brian said shortly.

Justin continued, “It has been, well, 6 months.  Gus and I stopped by before we went to Atlanta but she barely had anything to say so Gus hasn’t asked to go again.”

“She’s moving soon,” Tom said from the floor.

“How did you hear that?” Brian snapped.

“When I was picking up the last of my stuff at the  parsonage.  The church secretary told me Joan was trying to sell her house.  It is getting too much for her. I planned to tell you that today. I just hadn’t done it yet.”

Justin felt Brian’s body tense behind him. Jessi started fussing a bit.  “She’s wet, I think,” Molly said.  

“Brian, come with me and we will change her together.”

“I…”

“Brian, come on.”  Justin took Jessi and started to walk to the changing table on the other side of the room.  Brian followed. Once they were out of earshot, Justin turned to Brian.  “Bri, why are you upset? I didn’t expect you to care if she moved.” Justin laid Jessi down and Brian took over.

“I don’t care where the hell she lives.” Justin saw his face soften as he looked at Jessi’s.  

“What’s wrong then, babe?” Justin slipped his arm around Justin’s waist. 

“I’m not sure but I think I will buy the house.”

“Why would you do that?”

“It’s the house itself.  I bet if I offer to buy her all new furniture, she will sell me everything in the house.  I want to see if there are any answers there.”

“Bri, what are we going to do with that house?”

“After we look through it, maybe we could sell it.  Or, Lindsay is coming back by Christmas and Dad is moving up here.  Maybe one of them can live there.  Not right away because I know it needs work but eventually one of them might like it.”  Brian picked Jessi up and held her against his chest.

Justin kissed his cheek.  “Let’s just enjoy our day. You just said how perfect it was. Tomorrow we can look into it.”

“You’re right.  Today is a day to enjoy ourselves and be thankful we are together.”  Brian pulled Justin to him with his free arm and they kissed.  It deepened and probably would have continued but Natalia said, “Dinner is ready.  Everyone please come to the table.”

Everyone sat next to their partners.  Molly and Gus sat next to each other while Aaron sat in his chair between Brian and Justin and Jessi sat in a bouncy chair near Brandy and Sally. Kevin sat at the opposite end of the table from Brian.  Brian didn’t say anything but looked at Kevin and nodded a bit.

Kevin stood. “I think all of us here today are thankful for many things.  Does anyone want to say something?”

Sally spoke first.  “I know I’m going to cry because I always do but, last year it was Father Kev and Brandy and me and we had a lot to be thankful for but this year…” the tears started.  “We love all of you and I love you, Brandy.” Sally leaned over and kissed her wife.  “We have something to tell you, all.  We weren’t sure we were going to but we talked about it last night and, well.”  Sally looked at Jessi. “We thought about adopting this beauty ourselves but we weren’t quite ready for that. But, when our remodeling was done and knowing Natalia will be there to help us at the cafe, we decided we were ready and….” By now Sally’s cheeks were wet.

Brandy put an arm around Sally’s shoulders and said, “Sally is pregnant.  Next June we will be parents.” Everyone at the table was shocked and then started clapping while Kevin walked over to his ‘girls’ and kissed both of them. 

“You two are going to be such good moms,” Kevin said, Anyone else have anything to be said?”

Tom said softly, “I am so thankful Natlia is almost back to full strength and that she agreed to marry me and that we will be starting a new life together in Atlanta.” 

Connor and Charly both were thankful to be included in this family event and even Shadow commented that even though it was hard, she liked it here.

Em and James were also thankful for their baby and that Ronni was healthy.  After everyone had finished Brian stood up. “I had many Thanksgivings where I couldn’t think of anything to be thankful for but last year I had Justin with me and the boys and now our family continues to grow.  Justin and I are just thankful we can all be together, happy and healthy.”

“Can I talk?” Gus asked.

“Sure, son, but not too long.  We want to eat while the food is hot.” Brian said.

“I just want to say I love all of you.  And I am glad you are all here.” Gus got bashful all of the sudden and Molly wrapped her arm around him.

After he had finished, Kevin said a blessing and then the food started to be passed.  An hour and a half later, Gus was sitting on Kevin’s lap and Aaron was sound asleep in his high chair.  Sally was holding a babbling Jessi.  “Next year we will have one of our own.  I can’t believe it.”

“You know,” Ronni said, “By the time your baby comes in June, I will be ready for a vacation.  Maybe Dante and I can come down and just be there to support you for a few weeks...if you would like that.”

“Ronni, you would do that for us? Neither of us have a mom that will come around and… I know I am going to be scared.”

“We will talk, ladies.  I would love to help if I can. By that time Jessi will be big enough that she won’t need as much attention.  Gus loves to help with the two little ones and Connor is very efficient.”

Justin carried Aaron up the stairs and laid him in his bed to finish his nap. When he stepped out he was surprised to see Brian standing there.  They didn't speak. They joined hands and walked into their bedroom.  They both knew what was going to happen and that it had to happen quickly.  It was almost frantic for both of them.  They both undid the other’s fly and then Brian turned Justin around and pinned him to the wall as he thrust inside. Justin cried out softly but held on to the wall, as Brian began to move quicker, Justin turned his head to the side and Brian kissed him.  Soon they were both on the verge. Justin looked around trying to find something  to cover himself with.  He reached to the side and grabbed a T-shirt he could reach on the dresser and held it over his cock so when he came he came in the shirt and Brian came moments later. Justin wiped himself off and then turned and used the same T-shirt he wiped Brian off, too.

“We need to get down to our friends,” Justin said as he kissed Brian and redid his fly.

“They haven’t even noticed we were missing,” Brian shrugged. “And you and I both know they know exactly what we are doing.” He pulled him in for one more kiss.  “They can’t expect me to leave you alone when you are the most beautiful man I have ever seen.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll get more tonight.  You don’t have to lay it on so thick.” He kissed Brian once more.  He took Brian’s hand and led him out of the door. “Are you ok about Joan’s house?”

“It just took me off guard. I guess I just want to go through the house and, well, I think it will help me work through some stuff.” They were nearing the end of the staircase. “Yes, I know I have some hang ups that I should shed.”

“I love you, Brian. I always have and I always will.”

“If you didn’t, I would have nothing to live for.”


The rest of the day they played board games and told stories. By late afternoon, Shadow was whispering to her mom every few minutes. About 5:00 Charly said, “Go ahead. I will be there in about 20 minutes.”  After Shadow left, Charly smiled.  “I am driving her to my folks and tomorrow morning she is going shopping all day with her very best friend. And I guess I can’t put off the drive any longer. I hope that’s alright. I can clean up the kitchen when I get back.”

“Don’t be silly,” Sally said. “You are off for the day.”

Connor looked over at her, “Do you want company? I wouldn’t mind taking a ride,” he looked at Brian and Justin, “if you don’t mind.”

“Not at all.  I actually would feel better for Charly to have someone with her.  The roads have some ice on them.” Justin said and smiled at the two. 

Charly and Connor got up and put on their coats.  “Hey, Charly,” Brian said as they opened the door. “Send Shadow in before you leave.” 

Charly looked at him questionably. “Ok?”

“Brian, what are you going to do to that poor girl? You aren’t going to tease her about whatever, are you?”  Ronni looked at him.

Shadow walked in timidly.  “Mr. Kinney, Mom said you wanted to talk to me? Did I do something?”

“No, Shadow, not at all.  I heard you were going shopping and I have seen how much work you do around here and I haven’t paid you anything.” He pulled out his wallet and pulled out a stack of $20s.  He counted five out to her.  “I hope some of that is used to buy some gifts for your mom and grandparents.”

“Oh, Mr. Kinney, that is way too much for….”

“Shadow, you will continue to help out. Get going and have a great time with your friend and grandparents.”

“Thank you,” she said as she ran out the door.

Justin turned and kissed him.  “That was very nice.”

“It is just fair.  I see her helping with the kids and in the kitchen. She needs to be able to have some fun and I think she really will use it for gifts.”

“Softy,” Ronni smiled at Brian.  “You are right. She’s a good kid.  And I doubt she has ever been handed $100.”


Charly went in with Shadow but came back out quickly. “You didn’t have to rush for me?” Connor said as she got back in the car. “My parents were in the middle of a huge dinner for anyone who  is staying at the hotel on a holiday.” Charly just sat there for a minute and then dropped her head down.

“Charly, what is it?” Connor reached over and put a hand on her shoulder.

“It is just my parents.  I love them and I know they love me but they can be so hurtful sometimes. They don’t know it. They…”

“Sweetheart, why don’t I drive us home.” 

“That would be great, Connor.” They switched places and Connor pulled out.

“I will need a little direction.  I didn’t pay that much attention.”

“No problem.” 

“Want to talk about it?”

“It is just that they make me feel guilty.  They don’t see how my job could ever go anywhere. They make it clear I should have stayed at the hotel and just take it over when they retire. I could barely breathe there anymore. I needed to….” she broke down in full tears.

“Ah, Charly,” Connor pulled over and then pulled her into his arms.  He kissed her cheek. Neither of them were sure when it happened but soon their lips met and when they finally parted neither of them said anything.  Connor pulled back out into traffic, not knowing whether he should bring it up or not.  

The conversation the rest of the home was minimal.  She gave him directions but that was about all they said.  When they pulled into the estate and he parked her car, they looked at each other.  “Come for dinner tomorrow.  Around 7:00?”

Connor reached over and touched her cheek and then ran his thumb over her lips. “Tomorrow.” He handed her the keys and got out of the car leaving her to sit there.

Gus was still up with the adults but the other kids were sleeping.  It was now just the house guests.  The others had left for their own homes. Connor came in and started toward the stairs. 

“You aren’t going upstairs without having some supper.  I put a plate together for you and you just need to heat it up.  Then you can sneak away.” Brandy as she walked over and popped the  plate in the microwave.

“Brandy, I have a microwave upstairs.  It will be easier if I carry it upstairs cold.”

“Oh, ok,” Brandy took the plate out of the microwave and handed it to him. “How was your drive?”

Connor looked at her, “It was fine. The roads were fine.” He looked over to Brian and Justin.  “I will be up for the kids at 7:00.”

“Relax, Connor.  There are plenty of us to watch the kids so if you sleep until 9:00 it is not a problem.” Justin commented.

“Justin, we are kidnapping Jessi for a girls’ night.  You two are just in charge of the boys.”

Kevin looked at Gus, curled up on his lap.  “Gus, may I have a sleepover with you?”

“Really, Grandpa? You would sleep in our room?” Gus’ voice was very sleepy.

“Of course, and I think it is time for us to go to bed.” 

“Dad, you don’t have to…”

“I have some things I need to send over to the shelter before tomorrow.  You two, have a night off.” Kevin said. And all of the sudden Brian and Justin realize they were really getting a night off.

After everyone went to their own rooms, Justin looked at Brian, “Brian, let’s sleep in the studio. That way it will feel like we are really alone and if we get a little loud…”

“I love the way you think.” Brian kissed him.  “I will go grab our robes and slippers. You make your tea.”

Ten minutes later Justin held his cup of tea and a bottle of bourbon.  Brian had two robes and two pairs of slippers. Hand in hand they walked into the garage. “Fuck! It is cold.” Brian said as he pushed Justin up the steps.  “Heat! We need heat!” 

They entered the studio and Justin said, “I don’t keep it warm up here when I don’t plan to be here but it shouldn’t be this cold.” He rushed across the room and pulled down the Murphy bed. As fast as Justin could strip he was under the blankets.  Brian first looked at the thermostat and turned it up and then stripped and slipped in next to Justin.

“Glad I put my tea in a travel mug.” Justin said as he snuggled down as low as he could and still drink his tea without spilling it all over him. “We could go back to our bedroom.”

Brian began rubbing his leg up and down Justin’s naked body. By the time Justin drained his mug, Brian’s leg was moving over his cock. “That just isn’t fair,” Justin commented as he moved further under the blankets and moved his hand down Brian’s chest until he found the fine trail of hair and continued downward.  By the time his hand circled Brian’s dick he already had an erection. Justin slid under the covers and soon Brian’s back was arching, driving his cock further into Justin’s mouth.  It wasn’t long before Brian had cum deep in his throat.

“Damn, I swear you just get better and better at that. You aren’t practicing with someone else are you?” Brian said laughing.

“Oh, ya in all my free time, I have a couple guys on the side.”

“If I thought there was any truth to that…” Brian stopped.  Justin snuggled into Brian’s armpit, laying his head on Brian’s shoulder. 

“You don’t really worry about that, do you?”

“Not often but once in a while… I wonder why you want to be with an old guy when you could have someone like Connor.  He’s young and beautiful.”

“Darling, I’m not saying looks isn’t why I went with you that first night but, love, it was your heart that kept me.” He dropped a kiss on his shoulder.  “You own me, heart and soul.  I can’t even imagine being with someone else.  You have everything I need. Why would I want a young inexperienced guy? Bri, you saved me. You knew I was alive because you could feel me in your soul.  Well, I will always feel you, too! When you aren’t here, I swear I can feel your heartbeat.  When you had your motorcycle accident I had a feeling but I thought it was because Jessi was on her way.” Justin had started stroking Brian again and he could feel precum on the tip.

“Make love to me, Brian. I need you.” 

“My pleasure.” Brian turned Justin over so was half on his stomach and half on his side. Justin brought his top leg nearer his chest and Brian moved into him. He moved slowly into Justin and then got into a rhythm. Justin started to moan and moved his leg freeing his cock up for more freedom. Brian’s hand slipped between his legs and as he moved in and out he stroked Justin in the same movement and then it was Justin’s turn to arch and cry out. Brian followed, wrapping his arm tightly around Justin’s chest. They both fell asleep for the first time that evening but it wouldn’t be the last.

By the time the sun started to peek over the horizon Brian and Justin finally fell into a deep sleep. They had made love at least four more times and at some point, they had talked about Joan’s house. They would make work of buying it in the morning. They would buy it anonymously through their lawyer.

It was about 8:00 when they woke up again. They held each other in the warm bed before moving quickly to slip into a robe and put on the slippers before they rushed down the stairs and through the garage, into the main room.  It had a roaring fire and all the love and laughter a family could want.


Friday was a day where everyone did whatever they wanted to.  Kevin and Brian went into town in the afternoon.  Brian had bought the house, although paperwork wasn’t done.  He showed Kevin the distance from the house and the Legacy Center.  It was only about a fifteen minute drive.

“We hope you will come visit us on weekends but during the week this is a great location and we will update it.  You might have to stay with us for a short time but it shouldn’t take too long to get the place ready for you.”

“Brian, I don’t need anything fancy.”

“I know but I doubt anything has been done in there for years.” T

They looked through the building and Blake met them there to start making some plans.

By dinner it was just the immediate family.  Charly and Connor cooked and served turkey pot pie.  They had used the leftovers and created an amazing dinner for the family and had made a small one for two that they had in the oven at Charly’s.  Sally and Brandy knew their plan for the evening so as soon as the meal was served, they sent them off to have an evening together.

“Am I missing something?” Brian asked.

“We aren’t sure yet but if Connor doesn’t come back tonight, something is going on,” Sally said.  “They belong together.”

“Fine with me as long as it doesn’t affect their work. We don’t need any extra drama around here.” Brian commented as they ate dessert. “Is this going to be our last meal together?” he asked.

“No, we will all be here on Sunday for dinner.” Brandy said.  Sally and Brandy were heading into the city in the morning and were going to stay at the loft overnight.  Brian had let Jeff know to treat them special in the bistro and they could spend a day doing whatever they wanted in the city.

Kevin was going to the city and try to see Anna Claire.  He was told to come but they couldn’t promise she would see him when he got there. “I can go with you Kevin.  Maybe bringing Aaron along would warm her up.”

“Are you sure?”  Kevin asked

“Why not? Ronni will have Jessi and Gus will love a day with Connor.” Justin stood and walked to his father in law.  He put his hands on Kevin’s shoulders and leaned down and kissed his head.  “I will do everything I can to get her to see you.”

“Thanks, Justin.” As Kevin said it, Aaron toddled over to him.  “And this little guy could be our secret weapon,” he said as he picked him up and held him close.

Aaron wrapped his arms around Kevin’s neck, “Papapapa.”

“You got that right. I’m your papa and I love you so much.”


Charly and Connor sat on the sofa and drank a beer.  Connor had started a fire in the fireplace and the little pool house was cosy and quiet. “That pot pie was amazingly good. You are a really great chef.”

“I sometimes wish I had gone to culinary school but other times I am not sure I want to be a cook for the rest of my life, not professionally.  That’s why I am taking business classes. If I decide to keep cooking, maybe I can start my own restaurant but if I don’t want to cook, I will have a business degree I can use in many things.  I have marketing in there, too. Maybe Brian would even think about hiring me.”

“Did you ever think you could have bosses that are so great?”

“Brian and Justin are really great. They are so willing to work with you.  If you need one afternoon off, as long as you let them know they let you swap out for another afternoon.”

“And Ronni is always willing to switch up some time for me, too.  That will change as she gets bigger I am sure but by that time we should be settled into a routine.”

For the next half hour they talked.  Charly told him more about Shadow’s father and he told her about a brief marriage right out of college. He told her about his parents getting killed in a car accident and he was an only child.

“I knew you said you were alone but I had never…” Charly moved and hugged Connor. 

“It has been a few years now.  I…” He moved back far enough to look her in the eyes. He brought a hand to the back of her head and moved closer. “I want to kiss you.” In response Charly brought her lips to his. As they kissed their hands began to wander. Connor’s hands grazed her lower back as his hands slid under the hem of her shirt. As she felt his hands move up her sides she raised her arms and he pulled off her shirt and then she did the same to him.

Now as they kissed they continued to touch and taste each other’s skin. When they both needed more Charly pulled away, “I’m sorry, am I pushing you too fast?” Connor worried.

“No,” at this point they were both naked from the waist up. “Not at all. I just want to get more comfortable.” She took his hand and led him to her bedroom. Before the door was closed she was unbuttoning his jeans.

When he reached for her pants, she tensed a minute. “You sure you want…”

“I am.  I just realized how long it had been and, well…”

“I promise, I will take it slow and if you want to stop, just tell me.”

“Damn, you’re a good man, Connor.” 

Two minutes later they were in her bed, naked.


The next morning Justin received a text. The day before Anna had a very bad day and she would not be able to have company today. “Damn,” Justin mumbled.  He and Brian had just gotten out of the shower and he had picked up his phone when he saw it blinking.

“What is it?” Brian put his arms around him from behind.

“Kevin can’t see Anna today. She had one of her bad episodes yesterday.”

“Well, I guess we have a day at home.  I never get tired of spending time with him.” 

They met Kevin downstairs for breakfast and filled him in.  He was disappointed, “But soon I will be here a lot more so one day doesn’t work, I’ll be able to go the next.” He looked at the people  around the table and smiled, “I can’t be too upset when it means I can spend time with you.”

Sally and Brandy came down with an overnight bag.  They had eaten earlier and were heading into Pittsburgh.  “Thanks again, Brian, for setting up all of this.  We saw it might snow today so we want to get into the city before that starts and once the car is parked we can walk around.  

Sally held onto Brandy’s arm and put her head on her shoulder, “I am just excited to spend a little one on one time away from our place.” Brandy kissed her head. “So we are out of here.”

“If you need anything give us a call and we will try to help you.  We have friends in the city yet, too, but, trust me, even if you can’t leave the loft,” Justin interrupted Brian.

“There is something magical about the loft.” Now it was Justin’s turn to take Brian’s arm.  “It is where we fell in love.”


An hour later Brandy pulled the SUV into the back of the Bistro parking lot.  The first thing they did was go to the Bistro and to meet Jeff. They got a tour of the kitchen and then sat down for a cup of coffee and some samples while they talked about business and what was working in each of their restaurants.  They promised Jeff they would be back for dinner tonight but now, as the first flakes of snow began to fall they went up to the loft before finding a place for lunch.

They took the lift up and just roamed around the loft for a couple minutes.  Then they stood arm in arm, looking out the big windows as the fluff fell to the ground. “Did you see the size of that bed?” Sally asked. “Is that a king or California king?” She fell backward onto the bed.

“You know if I join you we won’t be going anywhere for a long time?” She stretched her hand out and Sally took her hand to stand up. “Let’s tell Jeff to save us an early reservation.  Then we can eat before coming up here and spend hours in that shower and this bed.”

“I love the way you think, Brandy, and I love you and our baby.”

“You know you are my heart, Sally. Let’s go explore.”

The women loved walking in the snow.  They stopped in little shops and bought little things to eat along the way. They shared a pretzel at one place and later bought a piece of fudge.  “We will have to come visit from time to time when Father Kev is up here.  Our baby will need to know his or her cousins.”

“And you know Brian and Justin will have nannies if we need a night by ourselves like tonight.” Brandy placed an arm around Sally, “It is starting to snow harder and I don’t know about you but I am getting cold.”

“Now that you say it, my feet are freezing.”  

When they got back to the loft they decided to go upstairs and changed out of wet shoes and socks and then went down to the Bistro for an early dinner.  Brandy sipped on a hot toddy while Sally had some tea.  And after having an amazing meal the women took the lift up to the loft.

After a long, hot shower, they laid down together. Brandy rested her hand on Sally’s stomach. And then she kissed Sally.  “I love you.  I love you so much and our baby, I can’t believe we are going to be moms. I still wonder if I should ever be a mother.  I am not sure I will know what to do but you…”

‘You will be a natural.  I have seen the way you look at Jessica Anne, the way you dote on her. You are a born mother,” Sally kissed her.  “I know you didn’t have a good childhood but our kids will know they are loved and they will have what they need.  They won’t live in an estate but they will have a bedroom and food and love.  You are so full of love.”

With that, Brandy’s mouth began to move. By the time she had gotten to Sally’s still flat belly, Sally’s breath was coming ragged and when Brany went even lower and her tongue found the hard little nub she was looking for, Sally cried out and continued as the orgasm traveled through her over and over.

The next morning they slept in late and after a long shower together, they dressed and took their time before going down to the Bistro for breakfast.  Sometime overnight it had stopped snowing but they were in no rush to drive to Britin.  Neither of them were used to winter roads. They planned to wait until they were sure the roads had been cleared.  In the meantime they sat in the quiet restaurant and nibbled pastries and drank herbal tea, talking about the future.  It was after 10:00 when they got a text from Kevin letting ‘his’ girls know the roads were clear. “Are you ready to spend the last day in that magnificent house?”  Brandy asked.

“I am ready to spend it with our magnificent family,”  Sally said Brandy pulled out into traffic.


The table was surrounded with all the Britin family.  Tom and Natalia had left earlier.  They were starting their drive to Atlanta.  They should get there on Monday, about the same time Kevin and the girls land.  “I am so glad you are all there for Tom and Nat,” Em commented to Kevin, Sal and Brandy.  “I know they are in good hands. They have both gone through a lot the last few weeks.”

“Well, you will be coming for the wedding, right?” Sally asked Em.

“Yes, I wouldn’t be there.  She asked me to be his Maid of Honor, Best Man, whatever you want to call it.  I will be right next to her.”

“And who is Tom having stand up? He doesn’t seem to have family.”

“I’m not sure.  I haven’t heard, yet.”  Emmett responded.

“I think the move will be perfect for both of them, even if I am going to miss them both.” Justin said as he put some pieces of fruit on Aaron’s highchair tray.

“So Charly, are you picking up Shadow today?”

“Yes, I will leave in the next hour or so.  Mom is having the whole Thanksgiving meal for our small family and any of the hotel staff that wants to attend.  There are always a few that join us.  They have either worked there since I was a kid or they are kids themselves who don’t have family in the area.” 

Connor draped an arm around the back of her chair.  It was very casual but everyone around the table could feel the sparks between them.  “Make sure you are careful on the roads,” he said as he touched her cheek, not caring who saw.

“You’re not going with her?” Justin asked.”

“No,” Charly said quickly. “My family doesn't need to know anything. Not for a long time if there is anything for them to know.” She reached over and patted Connor’s leg.  “We aren’t going to rush anything and for now, I really don’t want Shadow to know anything.”

“That will be up to you if and when you have something to tell her,” Brian stated in a tone no one would go against. 


The remainder of the day everyone just hung out.  Gus understood some of his favorite people were leaving again but he also could understand they would see each other soon but he was still sad.  He sat on Kevin’s lap watching a movie that evening until Justin stepped over to him. “Gus, it is time for bed. You have school tomorrow.”

“But, Daddy J, Grandpa will be gone when I get up.”

“Yes, he will but it is less than a month and we will see him again.”

“And Gus, from now on we will see each other a lot more often.”

“I’m so glad. I need to say goodbye to my aunts.”

“They are in their room. You have five minutes and then I will come up and say goodnight.  With that Gus rushed up the steps.

“I heard you and my son talking the other night.  Is his mother coming back from Europe?”

“She says she is by Christmas but we haven’t told Gus.  They have disappointed him so many times.  If she is here when we get back from Atlanta, we will deal with it.  She may end up living here for a bit but she will not just take him back.”

“I am sure of that,” Kevin stated, “and there is no doubt Gus wants it that way.”


The next morning, before the sun was up, Brian and Justin said goodbye to their family.  James was driving them which would give Kevin a change to talk to James about the Center.  He liked James and was sure he would work out well with Blake. Those two men could run the place when he was in the Atlanta Shelter.  He hadn’t told Brian and Justin yet but by the time he came up to live he would be officially retired from the priesthood. He was tired of the church's short sightedness even though he believed, in general, they tried to do good.  He was tired of the politics of religion.  He was sure the Legacy Centers under the financial care of the foundation Brian had set up would give him the chance to do more good than ever before. Plus, he would be in charge of all of it. 

Brian left for work later than usual.  He put Gus on the bus and then came back to talk to Justin.  He had already gone up to the studio, which was now back to the normal temperature.  James had found a blown fuse which had caused the chill, although as Brian walked up the steps he could only think of the heat they had created up there.  

When he walked into the studio the first thing he noticed was the bed was still rumpled from their night together. He walked up behind Justin and cocooned him in his arms from behind. Justin relaxed against him. “You about to leave for work?” Justin questioned.

“Ya, I just wanted to let you know I heard from the lawyer and the house will be ours the first of the year. Joan is only taking a few things out of the house. She is taking her bedroom suit and her favorite chair.  She had already contacted our lawyer because she needed some of the money I put in a trust for her to buy new furniture that would fit in her new place. He questioned her and she told him she had no idea who bought her house but they must be crazy to accept it with all her junk in it, minus a few keepsakes like dishes from her mother.”

“I can’t wait to get in that house.  I bet she saved a lot more than she said she did and I don’t think she cares by this point.”

“I agree and it is perfect for Dad.  It is a decent neighborhood.  It had its moments but it has cleaned itself up over the years.”

Justin turned to face him and Brian’s lips instantly came down to his.  “I have to go to work and you need to create the magic you create.  Christmas will be here before we know it and we will be off to warm Atlanta.”

“Brian?”

“Yes, Sunshine?”

“Are you really Ok? I mean buying your childhood home, especially since there are very few happy memories there.”

“I think it is just what I need.  I would love to have happy memories at that house. And to have my real father living there should be just what it needs.” Brian smiled down at his Sunshine. “I have to get going.” He glanced over at the messy bed.  “I would love to spend an hour or two ….”

“Get out of here.” Justin  kissed him and turned him toward the door.  “I love you, Mr. Kinney.”

“I love you, Mr. Taylor.” And with that Brian moved down the stairs.

 

Justin heard the garage door go up and the car back out.  He had a feeling buying that house was going to be harder on Brian than he realized but right now, he wasn’t going to think about it.  Christmas was nearly here and he had a lot to do before they left for Atlanta.

 

Chapter 14 by Simply written

 

Chapter 14


Before anyone realized it, the family was packing for Atlanta.  Emmett and James had left earlier in the week to help with the wedding.  Emmett had been talking to his family since Thanksgiving, trying to talk them into coming to the wedding but up until this point they just said ‘we’ll see’.  It was decided that Ronni shouldn’t travel.  Nothing was actually wrong but her age was making the pregnancy harder and she would never risk harming her grandchild. Plus she and Dante were moving into their new home before the first of the year so they wanted to be around for all the final decisions.

When Gus came home he was almost too excited to stand still.  They were flying out tomorrow and after opening presents on Christmas they were going to a wedding and then, he got to take a road trip with his dad and grandpa.  “Daddy J, can I pack my own suitcase?”

“Well, I have started packing it and don’t take anything out but make sure I didn’t forget anything you want along.”

“Do we leave tomorrow morning?”

“Yes, son, but we have a lot to do before that.” He knew Gus might be an issue for a little while.  He was too hyper. “Go check out your suitcase and then come down for a snack.” 

“Ok, Daddy,” and off he went. 

Justin moved to find Charly. She was changing a load of wash.  “Hey, Charly, is Shadow around?”

“I haven’t seen her yet but she should be here any minute.”

“Do you think she would like to help Connor out? Gus is so excited he needs someone to entertain him.”

“I’ll ask as soon as she arrives.”

“It is none of my business but are you and Connor…?”

“We have a couple opportunities but I just am not sure Shadow can deal with it right now and, well, we are still trying to decide what we want.  If it is just a short term thing, Shadow doesn’t need to know.”

“I totally understand. If she is willing to hang out here until dinner, it would help us out a lot.”

“I am sure she will. She enjoys being with the boys.”

 

“I’ll let Connor know.” After texting him, Justin rushed to his studio.  He had a couple gifts up there that he had just finished and they weren’t dry until today.  He was glad they hadn’t told Gus they were opening gifts at their house tonight.  It didn’t pay to send the gifts to Atlanta just to have to bring them back home.  After dinner they were going to let the kids open gifts.  Then they would have to try to calm them down enough to sleep. Tired kids on a plane usually weren't pleasant.  

Justin quickly wrapped up a couple projects so they could be taken on the plane with them.   He had one more present to wrap. He pulled it out of a drawer and opened the box to look at it once more before giving it to Brian. It wasn’t an expensive gift.  He had thought about what to get him and he knew Brian would like anything he got but he wanted to get something that would really mean something. It was a silver cuff style bracelet. On the top of it there were three hearts with an initial in each heart, a G, an A, and a J. On the inside of it were the words: We love you, Daddy. Justin put the kids’ names on the package.  He had painted a new picture of the kids for  Brian but that had been wrapped for weeks.  He thought it might be perfect for Brian’s office.  It wasn’t huge but if he said so himself, it was really cute.  He had Gus, sitting, with Jessi in his arms and Aaron peeking over his shoulder.  He had snapped some pictures of it and then painted from that, as well as just knowing his kids.

There was a knock on the studio door.  “Come in.” Gus walked in with Shadow behind  him.”

“Gus insisted on coming up,” she said quickly.

“That’s fine. I was just finishing.”

“Daddy J, Daddy just called and said you didn’t answer but he will be home in 10 minutes.”

“I guess I have my phone on silent.” Justin noticed Shadow looking at some of his paintings. “You have never been up here, have you?”

“No, I haven’t.  This is really cool.”

“Do you like to paint?”

“Ya, I do but I just don’t have much room I could paint in and I don’t have any of the supplies.”

“If you would like, I am sure I have some things you can use and if you want to come up here in the evening, you can.  When I get back from Atlanta I will get some things together for you.”

“You don’t have to do that.”

“I don’t have to but I’d like to. I have so much stuff I never use.”

“That would be great.  Thank you.”

“You are welcome.  Well, Gus, would you like to carry this downstairs and put it under the tree?”

“Sure,” and he was gone.  The garage started going up just as the heard the door to the house close.

“I’ll go after him.” And with that Shadow was gone.  

Justin made sure everything was put away and, shutting off the light, walked down the steps as the garage door went down. Brian got out of the car and met him at the bottom of the steps. They encircled each other and kissed. “Welcome home. How was your day?”

“I am not promising I won’t need to do a couple things when we get down there but I should be yours and the kids most of the trip.”

 

“You are always ours but it will be nice for you if you don’t have much to do.” As they walked to the door, Justin filled Brian in on Gus’ excitement and that Shadow was helping out.

“Did you ever feel like that at Christmas?”

“Of course I did.  Didn’t you…” the words were barely out when Justin realized what he had said.

“It’s alright, Sunshine. I remember some excitement and Michael and Debbie’s.  I always got something from them and they never expected anything from me in return. At my house it was always a guilt trip about how hard they had worked for the money that bought whatever it was and how I was an ungrateful bastard because I didn’t grovel enough for them.”  Brian shook his head.  “Enough of my whining.  Let’s have dinner and let the kids know we are opening gifts. I have a feeling it might be hard to get them down tonight.”

“And we have to get them up at about 6:00.  At least Gus will need to be up and ready.”

A few minutes later Charly had some lasagna on the table and she and Shadow headed to their place.  “If you just put what’s left in the fridge, I will take care of it tomorrow. I’ll make sure everything in the fridge is taken care of. Connor will clear it out while you are gone, I am sure.”  And with that it was just their little family. Brian and Justin listened to Gus talk about his day at school and all the fun they would have in Atlanta at the wedding.  The boys were going to be ring bearers and Jessi will be the flower girl but the two littlest will be in a wagon. Tom hadn’t named his best man yet but he assured them he had it all set.

“Daddy J, can we have some ice cream for dessert?” Gus crawled on Justin’s lap and kissed him.

“Well, you can but first,” he made eye contact with Brian who nodded, “how would you like to open the gifts under the tree.  Santa knows we will be in Atlanta on Christmas Eve but we bought you some things too.  I know you have seen them.”

“Really? We can open presents!” Gus ran over to Aaron in the highchair.  “Did you hear that, Aaron? We are going to open presents.”

Although it was obvious Aaron had no idea what Gus was talking about, he got all excited just because Gus was. “Let’s clear the table first.” Brian picked up the lasagna pan and covered it with a lid and put it in the fridge while Justin and Gus put dishes in the dishwasher. Brian poured two glasses of wine and with Gus leading Aaron, and Justin picked up Jessi, Brian followed behind.  The next thirty minutes the boys opened gifts and Brian and Justin helped with Jessi’s.  And then the only presents left were the ones for Brian and Justin.  

Brian first opened the painting of the kids and he teared up.  “Oh, Sunshine, this is so them.  You nailed it.”

“I thought you might like it for your office.”

“I will have every client jealous that my kids are so amazing.”

Justin picked up the box that said it was from Brian.  Justin unwrapped it and found a couple pieces of printed paper.  “Sunshine, you have taught me to live and, although we don’t have a date yet, we are going to take a two week vacation to an all inclusive resort in the Caribbean or anywhere you want to go.”

Justin moved to him carefully with Jessi in an arm and kissed him. “That will be amazing.” Justin’s hand slipped into Brian’s lap and rubbed enough to have Brian moan. “Oh, Gus, where is that gift I asked you to put under the tree?” 

“Here it is,” he smiled, “It got left.  Daddy this is from me and my brother and my sister. See it says it here.” He pointed to the tag.

“Gus, let me see what you got me.” Aaron crawled onto the sofa between Brian and Justin and Gus stood right next to Brian’s legs.  Brian pulled off the paper and looked at the box.  Slowly he lifted the lid. Brian gently lifted the metal out of the box and looked at it closely. He knew instantly that the hearts were for his children, even before he saw the initials. “Oh, Gus, this is perfect. You picked out the perfect gift.”

“Did you look inside.  Daddy J asked what we wanted inside.”

Tears sprang to his eyes. “Did you really tell your daddy what to put in it?”

“He helped but of course we love you, Daddy.” Gus kissed Brian, hugging him tight.

“Oh, Gus….I can never tell you how much I love you.” Brian reached for Aaron, too.  “Are we ready for dessert?”

They all had a little treat and then the boys went straight to bed.  They both seemed tired and were soon dreaming. Justin had just laid Jessi down when Brian came up behind him. “I want you so bad it hurts.”

“I can feel that.” Justin turned and kissed him, rubbing his crotch against Brian’s. Justin led him out of the room and into their bedroom.

“Damn, this bracelet,” Brian looked at it again, “You know where to hit a guy.  And I didn’t even think about getting you something from the kids.”

“Brian, I just wanted to make sure you remembered.  Our children are loved and they know it.  And even better yet, they love us back.” Justin never did remember shedding his clothes. The next thing he knew Brian was hovering over him and pressing into him.


By 7:00 a.m. Brian, Justin, and the three kids were in a car going to the airport.  Brian had hired transportation to get them there.  It wasn’t an easy task with three car seats.  He paid the driver to take care of the luggage and car seats. As soon as they were sure the luggage was taken care of, they found a cart to use to get the kids and carry ons to the gate. They had four seats in first class.  Aaron sat on one side while Justin and Jessi sat on the other side while Gus moved back and forth throughout the flight.  All of the children did well on the flight but they were glad when the pilot said they were descending into Atlanta.

By the time they got all the kids and carry ons to the baggage claim they were glad to see Kevin and Sally waiting for them. “Brandy stayed at the cafe so I could help,” Sally said as she hugged Aaron and Gus and took Jessi from Justin, kissing the sweet, little girl. Kevin took Aaron from Brian and took both boys over to some seats.

 

Gus was busy telling his grandpa about the presents he opened last night and that Santa knew the hotel they were staying in so he could find them tomorrow night. “I am sure Santa will find you.” Kevin hugged his oldest grandson.  “This is going to be the best Christmas I have ever had.  My whole family will be together.”

 

Once Brian and Justin had collected the bags and carseats, they all moved out to get into one of the shelter’s vans.  Sally sat between Aaron and Jessi while Justin sat in the back next to Gus while Brian sat in the passenger seat near his father as Kevin drove.  The first stop was the cafe.  A large table already had four people sitting at it,  Emmett, James, Tom, and Natalia. There were hugs all around.  Gus sat next to his buddy, Tom, while after looking at her for a bit, Aaron leaned over and, wrapping his arms around her neck, kissed Nat’s cheek.

“Oh, my handsome boy, I have missed you, too.”

Once they started eating the group got noisy. They talked and laughed.  They listened to the wedding plans.  Tom and Nat both were glowing.  Brian noticed Tom had not touched Nat since they had arrived.

“So if you are both so happy, why aren’t you two touching at all?”

Em answered for him, “They haven’t done anything since Thanksgiving.  They aren’t even living in the same place.”

“I am afraid if I even touch her I will…. Two days.  I only have two day…” Now he did reach over and drug his hand along her jawline and kissed her lightly on the nose.  The two locked eyes for several seconds.

Emmett finally interrupted, “Excuse us, I love my James as much as any person in the world but you two are making me nauseated.” 

Everyone laughed and Tom blushed. He was still a bit uncomfortable when his love for Natalia was being focused on.  “Tom, you are a fortunate man. You were able to serve God until he brought Nat to you.” Kevin smiled at the couple and for a split second he wondered what his life would have been like if the night with Joan had never occurred.  What if his Anna Claire wouldn’t have gotten ill?  Then he took a deep breath and looked around the table.  He would have had none of these beautiful people in his life. 

“Dad, are you alright?” Brian had seen Kevin’s eyes go far away. “Is something wrong?”

“No, son, how could anything be wrong? I was just looking at the love at this table and was a bit overwhelmed by the blessings I have in my life.”

Brandy walked behind Kevin and after setting down the dishes she wrapped her arms around him, “Father Kev, you are the anchor to this whole crew.” She kissed his cheek and then took a seat next to Sally.  She kissed her wife and rested her hand on her growing belly. “And those that will be added to this growing crew.” Brandy smiled over at James and Emmett who kissed.

“Ronni really wanted to come but she knew it wasn’t safe.  She is getting tired easily.  Thankfully Charly and Conner are excellent and don’t let her do much more than hold Jessi and do a little cooking,” Emmett commented.  “I still worry about them.” Em’s tone had a strained quality and James pulled him close and kissed his temple.

“She will get a nice rest.  And by the time we get back she will have plenty of orders for you to help unpack in the new house.

“I will gladly help and you know I love to decorate.  Soon we will need to decorate the nursery, too.”

Aaron was starting to fuss and Jessi needed a diaper change. “I hate to break up the party,” Justin said, “But these two need naps and we should get settled into our hotel, if we can get in early.”

Kevin smiled down at Jessi who was in his arms, “Yes, I checked with them and they said anytime after 1:00 so we should be good.”

Brian pulled out his wallet and Brandy glared at him. “If you insult me by trying to pay me, you will find out what I learned when I lived on the street.”

“Sure, lady, I get you.” He stood and put his hands on her shoulders, kissing her on the lips with a big smack. He winked at her and said, “Thank you.”  

After plenty of hugs and kisses, Kevin tooked Sally’s car while Brian took the van and his family to the hotel, following Em, James, Tom, and Natalia in Tom and Nat’s car. Brian had reserved the Penthouse and Em, James, and Nat had already moved in. 

The room had been fully decorated for Christmas with a 12 foot tree in one corner.  There were lights and garland everywhere.  The tree was covered with frosty white balls and had icy blue ribbons draped around it. The hotel had put special ornaments for the children with their names on them. They really had tried to make it special for them. Justin held Aaron as he reached for the lights.  After a few minutes Aaron started fussing.

Nat took Aaron and it wasn’t long before she had him changed and laid in the crib while Em did the same for Jessi.  Gus sat on Tom’s lap as they watched a cartoon and soon he was dozing off, too.  Justin took Nat by the hand and led her out on the private rooftop terrace. 

“You look beautiful, Natalia.  Do you feel as good as you look?”

“I do.  This move is just what we needed and I haven’t  let Tom know but, god, I want him so bad.  I have almost gone to his bedroom so many times but now he is living in our new place so he isn’t under the same roof anyway.”

“I am sure it will be worth your wait.”

“And I can’t believe you and Brian are giving us a week in that suite across the hall.  It is so amazing. We really didn’t want to go anywhere.  We are so new to the city, we have lots to see.”

“We are glad to do it.  We could still switch it to an island somewhere.”

“No, I just want to lay in my husband's arms naked on the rooftop. And I keep wondering if I should have had the complete reconstruction.  I’m glad to be rid of the cock but should I have…”

“Nat, Tom loves you but you know he was never into sex with a female so I am sure you two will figure it out and both be very happy.”

“I can’t believe how much I love him. And in just over 2 days I will be his wife.”

“Is your mom coming to the wedding?”

“I don’t think so.  She doesn’t want to miss Christmas with the rest of my siblings and the grandkids.  I guess that is the downfall of a Christmas wedding. She said they would try to visit soon.” Nat was quiet for a few seconds and then said, “But the only thing that matters is we are going to be married and we have a lot of people who love us that will be there.”

Justin and Natalia hugged.  “Let us know if there is anything we can do tomorrow.”

“The only thing I know is that we are having a rehearsal at 2:00 tomorrow and then the evening is ours to celebrate Christmas.  I heard the girls are coming for dinner in your suite and then Tom, James, Emmy, and I are going to our room for our family Christmas and you can have yours.”

“That sounds perfect.”   Justin and Nat sat down in the shade and caught up.  Justin filled her in on the building relationship with Connor and Charly and that it was still very hush hush because Charly doesn’t want Shadow to be aware of it right now. And the conversation continued.


Brian sat in their room by himself.  He had opened his laptop and checked his email.  There was one from Cynthia and one from Ted.  Both said everything was under control and they were closing up for the holiday. They would not be going back until after the New Year.  He made a call about his Christmas gift for Kevin and was assured it would be there tomorrow and he looked through the gifts that had been delivered from Pittsburgh.  He made sure there were packages for everyone.  Em and James' gift was a note letting them know that the builder who is finishing up on Dante and Ronni’s house would be adding on a large family room and expanding the master bedroom by the time the baby arrives in about four months.  They had a floor plan drawn up for them and if they wanted to make some small changes they could.  

Brian looked for Justin and realized he was still outside with Nat. He roamed out to the terrace and sat next to Justin on the bench.  He put an arm around him and Justin leaned against him. Brian kissed his temple and then his jawline before he took Justin’s mouth.

“Why don’t I leave you two alone,” Nat laughed.  “I will go find my man.”

Justin waved over his shoulder as Brian pulled him closer. He brought his mouth up to his ear. “Damn, I want you.”

“There’s a hot tub five feet from here.” Justin tugged off his shirt and Brian followed.  They didn’t care who saw them.  They shed their briefs near the steps into the tub and then both of them stepped into the steaming water.  As soon as Brian sat down, Justin straddled his lap facing him. Their mouths sought each other and their tongues passed back and forth.  Justin sighed in Brian’s arms. “I want you.” Brian’s hand moved behind Justin and Justin felt Brian’s finger slip in, “Oh, god, I need a hell of a lot more than that.” With that he felt Brian position his cock and Justin moved up and then lowered himself down onto Brian’s erection. Slowly the began to move in tandem.

James and Emmett watched Brian and Justin for a few minutes before James kissed Em, “Let’s go to our room.  I think they have the right idea.”

“I thought you’d never ask.” They walked hand in hand toward the door.  “You two ok to stay here with the kids while those to...make love in the tub?”

“Sure, we aren’t doing that yet anyway.” Tom sighed as he held Nat’s hand while Gus slept with his head on his thigh.  He brought Nat’s hand to his mouth and kissed it.   “I love you Natalia.  I can’t wait to make you my wife.”

“I can’t wait to be your wife.” Natalia smiled over at her future husband.  “I love you.”

“Have you practiced your new name?”

“I have and I can’t think of a nicer name than Natalia Butterfield.”

“I couldn’t agree more.”


On Christmas Eve morning everyone was up early.  They all met Kevin and the girls at the diner and they served anyone who came in for a free breakfast.  They set up a buffet setting in the back room and they could eat all they wanted.  Natalia had baked large rolls and, with Tom’s help, had placed two in a bag for everyone to take with them for another meal.  After talking to Kevin, Brian and Justin had funded bags of personal hygiene bags.  Kevin had gotten some of those at the shelter and each person who ate took the little backpack out with them.  At noon, the girls locked the door.  They would be closed until the first of the year so they could renovate the cafe, adding Natalia’s Bakery to the side of the cafe. 

After they all ate some lunch, they went their separate ways.  Brian and Justin put the kids down for a nap including Gus, who, again, fell asleep on the sofa watching a movie. Sally and Brandy volunteered to watch the two smallest during the wedding rehearsal.  Aaron and Jessi were too little to understand it and all they were going to do was ride in a wagon.   


It was about 4:00 pm when they returned to the hotel.  Sally and Brandy were napping on the sofa while Aaron and Jessi slept.  “Your kids are so perfect.” Sally said as she and Brandy sat up and Gus scampered onto the sofa and squeezed between his aunts. 

“We are fond of them,” Justin said as he put an arm around Brian and Brian pulled him even closer, kissing his cheek.

“Why don’t you two go take an hour?” Brandy said.  “Consider it part of your Christmas gift from us. Take a nap. Use the hot tub.  Make love. I know you two don’t get a lot of time alone.”

Brian pulled Justin into his arms and kissed him deeply before they waved at the girls and walked into the master of the suite.  They both stripped off their shirts and pants and got in bed. Once they were in each others’ arms, they kissed and touched as they spoke softly.  “It really has been a hectic day.” Brian ran a finger across Justin’s clavicle.

“And you know it isn’t over.” Justin ran his tongue along Brian’s jawline.

“What do you say to actually getting a nap now and tonight, once the kids are in bed and Dad and the girls are here we can get in the hot tub and, depending on who joins us or doesn’t…” Brian’s hand slid between Justin’s legs and began to gently massage Justin’s ballsack.

 

“Lord, if you keep that up I’ll…”

“Relax and enjoy and fall asleep, Sunshine.” And to both of their surprise, soon they were both asleep.

At 5:30 the caterer arrived helped set up the food while Sally and James watched the kids. Brian and Justin had slept soundly and now, after a quick shower, still flushed from a deep sleep they had redressed and gone out to start their celebration. Kevin had arrived as did Tom and Natalia and they all sat down to eat dinner. The food was great and even Jessi tasted a little bit of mashed potatoes and a little bit of pudding from a salad.

As they were all finishing up their meal Gus moved over to Kevin. “Grandpa, do you think it is time to open the presents?”

 

“Well, I think we are.” He looked at all the people around the table and a couple sitting at the bar. “Can we move this to the Christmas tree? I know there are several packages I can’t wait to see opened.”

When everyone was sitting around the living area near the Christmas tree.  As the adults sipped cider and bourbon Gus passed out all the gifts. The adults all had at least two gifts in front of them but the kids all had a minimum of four. Aaron and Gus opened their gifts. None of them were extravagant but they had all been well planned. Each of the adults knew the children well.  Aaron was pushing a truck around the floor and Gus was flipping through one of the books his grandpa had bought him. Brian and Justin had gotten the girls a gift certificate for a very nice furniture outlet that specialized in nursery furniture.  Sally squealed, “I wanted to go there so bad but knew it was a bit out of our range.”

Justin opened the gifts for Jessi.  He held up an adorable romper that looked like it would be perfect for this summer. “Do you think it will fit her?” Kevin asked.

“I think it will be perfect.”

“I saw that and with her gorgeous skin color, and thought it would be perfect for her.” Kevin was holding his granddaughter close to his chest and kissed her cheek. “I didn’t know what love was until I met all of you.”

There were gifts for Em and James as well as Nat and Tom.  Kevin commented, “I didn’t need wrapped presents.  All of you are more than enough,” but he smiled as he did so.  When he got to an envelope he opened it and looked stunned. “Justin, Brian…..this is too much? I….” The slip of paper said they were being given four vans.  Two are here in Atlanta. They will be delivered to the shelter here in the next couple days.  They would be driving one up to Pittsburgh and the fourth is already up there.  The last paragraph let him know there was also a company that will add whatever design you have for the Legacy Center.

“Dad, I talked to dealers and they gave us amazing deals for the vans and the designer is not charging us for his time.  There are people out there with very big hearts.”

“There are people in here that do, too.”

Soon the bride and groom, along with Em and James, left.  Tom  went to their new home while Nat stayed with his uncle.  Then Brandy helped Sally up.  She still was thin but her belly was just starting to be visible for those that knew she was expecting. Kevin sat in a large overstuffed chair.  He was going to sleep in Gus’ room.  Brian and Justin each had one of the little ones in their arms.  “We will be out in a few minutes, Dad,” Brian said.

“Come on, Gus, let me put you to bed.  I will join you in a little while, Ok?”

“Sure, Grandpa.  May I look at one of my new books before I go to sleep?”

“I think that is fine but just one.  It won’t be long before Santa will be near us and if you’re awake….”  Kevin and Gus walked into the room they would share.

“I’ll go right to sleep.  I can look at the books tomorrow.” Gus quickly switched into his pajamas and rushed to the bathroom to brush his teeth.  Kevin helped him wash his face and then guided him into bed.  

Kevin gave him a big hug. “Good night, Gus.  This is the best Christmas I have had in a very long time. I love you.”

“I love you, too, Grandpa.” He hugged Kevin tightly. “You know what was the best thing today?”

“All your presents?”

“No, Grandpa.  The best part was all the nice people we ate breakfast with. And I got to say goodbye to all of them when they left and gave them their bags. I think everyone of them smiled at me.”

“Oh, my precious boy,” Kevin and Gus hugged. “You are such a special child.”  He kissed Gus’ forehead.  “Good night, Gus.”

Kevin walked out of the room and pulled the door shut.  


Brian and Justin stood between the two cribs that were set up in a small office. Both little ones were sound asleep.  They turned into each other and kissed and then just held each other for a few moments.  “Was today as wonderful for you as it was for me?” Justin asked Brian.  “I mean I miss my family but…”

Whispering, Brian said, “Today was fucking perfect. And speaking of fucking…” Brian crushed Justin’s mouth. By the time they separated they were both shaking. “We will continue that later.”

Kevin found his son and son in law on the sofa, kissing each other. “I can go to bed if you two want to…”

“No, Dad. It is early and we will go to bed in an hour or so.”

“I want to thank you.  This has been the Christmas of my dreams.  Every Christmas is special but today….” Kevin’s voice cracked. “I never dreamed I would have a Christmas with my son, with grandchildren, and my girls with another baby on the way.

 

Justin stood and walked over to Kevin and hugged him.  “We couldn’t imagine a better day either.” Justin got a drink for each of them.  “I want to tell you what Gus said to me when I put him down. He said the best part of his day was serving breakfast to the people in need.  He just wanted to make them smile.”

It wasn’t long and the men said goodnight.   Brian and Justin put one gift for each kid under the tree that said from Santa and, arm and arm walked to the bedroom.


Gus was thrilled to get a gift from Santa and spent time telling Aaron who Santa was.  The day was a little erratic for everyone.  They ate brunch at the hotel but then it was time to put the kids suits and dress on and they dressed themselves to head to the wedding.  Kevin left to make sure everything was ready at the church and the rest of the bridal party was already at the church dressing.  

When Brian, Justin, and the kids arrived at 2:00 pm, an hour before the wedding the rest of the participants were there.  It had come out at rehearsal that James was standing up for Tom so now those two were in a small room off the sanctuary while the rest were in a large room down a hall.   “Oh, Brian, could you run out to the van,” Justin asked.  “I forgot the little headband for Jessi laying on the dash.

Brian walked out the main door as a taxi pulled up.  He froze for a split second and then strode toward it.  Natalia’s parents, two of Natalis siblings, and Bennett, Emmett’s father, stepped out of the van.  Brian smiled warmly.  “I am so glad you could make it.  If you let me grab something from our van, I’ll take you to see your family.”

When Brian stepped into the bride’s dressing room with her mother at his side there wasn’t a dry eye among the adults. “Mama, you came?”

“I couldn’t miss my daughter’s wedding.  You look beautiful, sweetheart.” She kissed Nat’s cheek.  “Your father and siblings are here along with your grandfather.” She smiled at Emmett. I know you have only a few minutes.  We will talk at the reception.”

The wedding went off perfectly.  The church was all done in white and red with large Christmas trees and the kids were all in red.  Gus pulled his brother and sister down the aisle and they both sat in the wagon during the ceremony.  

Kevin said all the right words and Tom and Natalia stated their love for each other and, although short and sweet, everyone was touched. As soon as it was over, Emmett hugged all of his family and then Nat introduced everyone to her new husband.  They all warmed to Tom right away.  

There was a small reception for 25.  A few of the wait staff from the diner joined them.  Through Sally and Brandy’s connection a great meal was served to them on Christmas evening at the ballroom of the hotel. 

By 7:00 pm everyone had eaten and done a little dancing but by then, Tom pressed his lips to Nat’s ear. “I need you, love.  Let’s go upstairs.  We will have breakfast with everyone before they head back home.”

“Let me go kiss my mom and we can go up.”  Natalia said and, in her wedding dress, she walked across the room.  “Mom, we are going but we will see you at breakfast and then, I promise, we will come to visit soon.”

“It was a beautiful wedding and I am so glad to see you happy.  Tom is a sweet man.”

“I couldn’t agree more.  I love you, Mom.”


While the rest of the group stayed for a few more minutes, Natalia and Tom took the private elevator up to the Penthouse. By the time they arrive, Tom had already undone the zipper on Nat’s dress and as she walked into the suite, she stepped out of it.  Tom picked up the dress and followed his wife into the room, tossing the dress over the sofa. Without a word he picked her up and carried her into the bedroom.  Within moments, they lay on the bed, Natalia in a bustier and a flimsy scrap of lace while Tom had silk boxers on. 

“Tom, you don’t have to wait any longer.  Please, don’t wait any longer.”

Tom needed no further encouragement.  He moved very slowly.  It had been so long he had a hard time holding back but soon, he had entered her all the way and as she had one leg on his shoulder he came over top of her and kissed her. And soon they climaxed together.

After catching their breath, Nat said, “Tom, are you happy with me, the way I am? I mean we can’t make love like a normal couple would.”

“Nat, you know I love YOU.”  He stuck his tongue out and licked one of her nipples on the now size C breasts.  “I AM SURE I can get used to these.” He bit the nipple lightly, “and I am sure we can work at figuring this out for, should we say, 50 years?”

“Or 60 or 70.” And with that she rolled over and straddled him.  “Ready for round two?”


They all met for breakfast in the hotel restaurant. It wasn’t very long and James, Emmett, Justin and the babies had to catch a plane.  Brian, Kevin and Gus were planning to leave around noon.  They planned to drive about half way today and then they would drive the rest of the way the next day.” 

Emmett said goodbye to his dad and the rest of the family and made his dad promise to come once his grandchild was born.  “I will be there, Emmett.  Your mama would be so happy for you.”

“Thanks, Dad.  I will see you in April, Daddy.” 

Brian and Kevin drove them out to the airport and once they were dropped off, Brian drove to Kevin’s to load in the last of his personal things and they were off.

Nat and Tom invited her family up to the penthouse and they got to know each other for a couple hours.  Brian had kept the other penthouse for one more day so Natalia’s family, who was going to stay at a cheap hotel, stayed in luxury for the night.  They used the hot tub and relaxed giving Nat and Tom time alone but then they all ate dinner together in the larger penthouse.  At the end of the evening, they all said goodbye.  The family had an early morning flight and they insisted the newlyweds say goodbye now.  There were happy tears from the women with words they would see each other soon.


The flight back to Pittsburgh went off without a hitch.  Emmett and James helped with the kids and by the time they made it back to Britan, Ronni was ready to hold her babies.  After both kids were down for the night, Justin crawled in bed with the beginning of a headache gnawing at the back of his head.  He drank his tea and took his medication and then he did what he really needed most.  He called Brian.  They had texted when the plane landed and then again when Brian, Kevin, and Gus stopped for the night.  Now he needed to hear his voice.

“Hey, Sunshine.”

“Hey, baby.” Justin lit a joint and took a deep drag in.

“Are you smoking?” Brian said and a split second later he said, “Do you have a headache? Are you smoking a joint?”

“I do and I am.” 

“Is it bad?”

“It will be ok in about half an hour.”

“You know if you’re there alone…”

“Don’t worry, Bri.  James and Emmett are sleeping in the main house so they have the baby monitors and I am going to finish smoking this and I’ll be fine in the morning.”

“I love you, Sunshine.  Gus did great and he is sleeping with his grandpa of course. My bed will be very chilly tonight.”

“I love you, Brian Kinney.  Once you make it back tomorrow our life will be perfect.”

“I hate to tell you this but it might be another day.  We are in the mountains of West Virginia and they are calling for snow.”

“Just come home to us safe.”

Justin’s voice was getting farther away, “I think I need to sleep now.  Love you, Bri.  I love you so much.”

“I love you, too, Sunshine. See you soon.”











Epilogue


“It would have been great if the girls could have come up for our New Year’s Eve party but I know they have friends of their own.” Justin said to Brian as he set down the phone.  “They are going up to the penthouse since Tom and Nat have it until tomorrow.”

“Ya,” Brian pulled him close, “I am glad we finally made it home.  And I’m glad James and Em were here to help you.”

“And of course Molly and Connor were here most of the time.  Tonight Mom and Tuck will be spending the night along with whoever else wants to stay.”

“I noticed Charly and Conner seem chummier than ever.” Brian said as he wrapped his arms around Justin.

“Yes, they are.  They are talking about telling Shadow soon.”

It was 8:00 when people started arriving.  Ted and Blake, Cynthia and her date, Debbie and Carl were coming for the meal and Michael and Ben were in town so they were there, too.  The little ones were already in bed by the time most of the guests arrived.  As people ate from a large variety of food, James, Kevin, and Blake were having an excited conversation about the Legacy Center.  They were hoping to have it up and running by mid January, depending on the contractor’s progress. Everyone at the party was excited about it.  Debbie and Carl had already said they would be volunteering.  Debbie was retiring from the diner to help Blake and James and Carl, with his cop connections would be a great help.

The evening continued and some of them left after dinner or they were there for the evening and drank freely.  Since Ronni couldn’t drink, she was going to take baby duty tonight leaving Brian and Justin free to enjoy themselves. Gus went to bed about 10:00 and by midnight the party was full of love and laughter. They had some music playing and as it got nearer to midnight they started talking about the new year and plans and goals.  

At 11:55 James walked over to Brian.  “Hey, the gate buzzer just went off.  You told me to leave it open so whoever drove through is on their way right now.  I will go check who it is.”

“Take Connor with you.  I will watch on the tablet and if I see anything questionable I will sound the alarm.” 

Justin had come over to Brian. “What is it?”

“Someone drove through the open gate.  We don’t know the car.  James and Connor are checking it out.”

James walked around to the driver’s side and they could see him talking to someone but at this angle they had no view. They could see James say something to Connor and they saw Connor reenter the house.  Brian and Justin moved toward the door as the minute countdown began.

“Connor, who is it? Do I need to call the police?”

“No, sir.  James seems to know the driver.  He is going to escort whoever it is to the door.”

“He wouldn’t let my father in, would he?” Justin asked.

“Of course he wouldn’t but who the hell is it?”

Brian and Justin opened the door as they heard their guests yell 10, 9, 8, 7.

James was leading the way carrying a suitcase.  “James, who the hell…” James stepped through the door and moved to the side.

“Hi, Brian. Hey Justin.”

“Lindsay, you could have told us you were coming.”

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!” the guests in the other room yelled.

“I told you I would be back by the end of the year.  I told you I was going to come back for my son.”

“The hell you are.  It’s been a year.  You can’t just come back like…”


An hour later the house was quiet except for Connor and Charly putting the last of the food away.  Lindsay was in Connor’s room for the night and he was staying with Charly since Shadow was with a friend. The rooms were all full with invited party guests but they couldn’t just send her off without a place to stay.

Brian and Justin lay in their bed in something similar to shock.  “I can’t believe she didn’t tell us.  I can’t believe she just showed up.”

“Gus is going to be so excited but you and I both know he isn’t going to want to live with her.”

Brian jumped up and said, “Fuck! We just got your father off our ass and now…”

“Brian, this will work out.  No matter what she tries we can deal.  We have too much going well to worry about her.  Come here, babe.” Brian got back in bed and Justin wrapped his arms around him.  She can have some visitation but he is ours. Now,” Justin kissed his head, “Let’s get some sleep.  The kids won’t sleep in and the year ahead is going to be amazing.  Brian, this is a new adventure for the Taylor-Kinney-Cain family.   This is the beginning of a new legacy.


The Legacy Series

Coming the fall of 2021

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1666