The Man I Hate? 4 Aiden's Plight by Simply written
Summary:

May be an image of 8 people, including Leah Taylor, tree and textOur fourth and final (I think) in the Man I Hate? the series has begun.  Brian and Justin along with their boys, Aiden and Gus, along with Ted and Victor with their new ward, JR are heading home from the cabin. The boys will be heading back to school in a couple days.  Ted and Victor are going to build their own cabin near Brian and Justin's and they are thrilled to be able to help with JR.  They had always wanted a family and now they had one.   

Justin's ex is threatening to take Aiden away and while Brian and Justin fear they may lose one of their sons, Ted and Victor may be adding one.  

 

(Child abuse will be mentioned in a past memory at the beginning of this story.)


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Jennifer Taylor, Justin Taylor, Melanie Marcus, Molly Taylor, Ted Schmidt
Tags: None
Genres: None
Pairings: None
Challenges: None
Series: The Cabin in Montana
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 80903 Read: 52845 Published: Jul 22, 2021 Updated: Sep 04, 2021

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

5. Chapter 5 by Simply written

6. Chapter 6 by Simply written

7. Chapter 7 by Simply written

8. Chapter 8 by Simply written

9. Chapter 9 by Simply written

10. Chapter 10 by Simply written

11. Chapter 11 by Simply written

12. Chapter 12 by Simply written

13. Prologue to The Man I Hate? 5 Tragedy to Triumph by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written

Prologue

Aiden’s Plight


Brian got off the plane.  He hadn’t been in Seattle for a while.  He didn’t have to wait for any luggage so he went out and grabbed a cab. He gave the driver the address and sat back in the seat.  He pulled out his phone and checked for emails from Mel. As angry as he was at her and Lindsay, he needed her right now.  As soon as he had gotten to the terminal at the airport in Montana, he had called her.

“What the fuck do you want, Kinney!  I don’t understand how you can even have the gaul to call me after what you did at your….”

“Don’t go there, Marcus.  You both have been acting like children while our son is trying to be the mature one.  He is great by the way.  Two months away from the two of you….” Brian stopped and took a deep breath. “Mel, I don’t have time for this.  We can spew at each other another time but right now it’s about Aiden.”

“Aiden? Oh, Brian, he isn’t sick again, is he?”

“No, actually he is doing very well but Justin’s ex is causing issues.  He is going to fight us for shared custody or at least visitation.  Mel, what can we do? We are not letting him have our boy, no matter what.”

They had talked until he had to board the plane so now he was seeing what she had found out. Her message said, ‘I reviewed your custody paperwork.  I found his attorney’s name but his office just opened.  I will call you as soon as I have contacted him and know what he is planning.’  It went on and said, ‘Why did you go to Seattle? What do you think you could do?  Don’t do something stupid and screw this up for all of you.’

Brian reread her short email and realized he wasn’t sure what he was going to do but he couldn’t sit back and let that asshole try to take his son. The cab stopped in front of an upscale townhouse and Brian got out and paid the driver. He stood there watching the car drive away before turning toward the walkway and he made his way to the door.

Brian pressed the doorbell and waited.  He could hear steps from inside.  The door opened quickly and Daklin said, “Yes, can I help you?” Daklin looked at the gorgeous man standing in front of him and as he looked at him from the top of his head with that thick, dark hair all the way to the toes of his brown Ferragamos, he had a feeling he should know who he was. 

Brian looked at the shorter man in front of him, “You definitely can.” Brian had decided he was going to try to make this a business deal.  He stood straight and offered his hand.  “My name is Brian Kinney.  I am the man married to your ex and who is the father of the boy you had with Justin, and,” Brian pushed his way past Daklin, “I am going to tell you why you will never have any right to our son!”


Chapter 1

 

Justin had a bad feeling the whole flight from the cabin to Pittsburgh.  Aiden had spent his time with Victor learning french and Ted had been catching up on some work but eventually he put his computer away and sat next to Justin across the aisle.  “I thought you might need a little time.  I could hear you thinking.” 

Justin leaned against Ted for a moment.  “Do you know what he is up to?”

“Not really.  I am sure you are thinking the same thing I am.”

“I am thankful he loves our boys as much as I do but we both know he can get carried away.”

“I emailed him a bit ago and told him to think before he reacted.  I told him Mel wouldn’t bail him out and our senior lawyer at the office is out of the states right now.” 

“Did he respond?”

“No, and he should have landed over an hour ago.”

“Ted, you’ll tell me if you hear from him, won’t you?”

“Justin, he is my boss but I promise if I think he is out of control, I’ll let you know.”

“And you’ll let me know when he heads home?”

“I’ll make sure he contacts you.”

“I hate that our best friend works for him!” Justin said and then smiled at Ted.  “I know you’ll do what’s right.”  

The men hugged and Ted stood.  “I need to stretch.” He wandered to the back of the plane.

“Daddy, is everything alright? Where did Big Daddy go?”  Aiden asked as he crawled onto the seat Ted had vacated.

“He had something he wanted to take care of in Washington.”

“Isn’t that where I was born?”

“Yes, it is, Aiden.” Justin changed the subject, “Did you learn any new words in French today?” Aiden talked the next five minutes and then he fell asleep with his head on Justin’s lap.

 

“Get the hell off of my property,” Dak shouted as he tried to slam the door shut. “You can’t threaten a man in his own home.”

“The hell I can’t, especially since you are threatening to take something I would give my life for you and you threw away like a piece of trash.”

 

“That is not true.  Your lawyer didn’t give me a choice and at the time I didn’t have the money to fight you but that has changed.” By now Brian had pushed his way into his apartment and the men stood toe to toe.  Daklin looked up into Brian’s face. “Damn, you are as tempting as Justin

used to say, but at the time, he said there wasn’t an ounce of warmth in your heart although he did say that in bed…”  Dak looked at Brian, “And Justin, damn, his body is so amazing…”

Brian reached for his shirt and said, “If he was so hot why did you find someone else to fuck?”  Brian took a deep breath.  “Justin isn’t the issue right now.”

“You’re right!  Aiden is the issue and I can give him what he needs.  I can now afford fancy doctors like you can and nannies and…”

“You can let others raise your son? Aiden has a family that loves him and that he loves.  He doesn’t know you.  He won’t feel safe with you.  When he ends up in the hospital, and he will many times with NTDT, are you going to hold his hand? Are you going to kiss him when they are drawing blood for the third time that day?” Brian looked at Daklin who had stepped back a bit. He would swear he wasn’t listening to him but undressing him with his eyes.  “So are you in a relationship or do you plan to play super dad and do it yourself?”

“I…”

“You have no idea what you are going, do you?” 

“Mr. Kinney, I am going to ask you once more to leave or I will call the police.”

“Who’s your lawyer? He or she might as well start talking to my lawyer.  We cannot drag anything out.  Every minute of this will hurt Aiden.  When he is stressed, he gets sick.”

“Who is your lawyer? Give me her number and I will have mine contact yours.”

“Fine!” Brian dug through his wallet and tossed Mel’s card out on the floor.  “If she doesn’t get a call, you will!  And trust me, you don’t want to deal with that vindictive cunt.”

“Why is she your lawyer if you don’t like her?”

“Because she can make almost anyone cry.” With that he turned and walked out, leaving the door wide open.

Brian realized he didn’t have a car.  He crossed the street to a park and then called for a cab. He sat on a bench, watching kids play in the playground.  He got a message from the cab company stating there would be a delay due to an accident on the freeway.  Brian read his emails and found the one from Ted.  He would text back soon.  He had to figure out what was going on.  Brian glanced up and saw a little blonde and Aiden came to his mind.  He had often told himself that all of this was for Justin.  He knew how Justin would be devastated but who was he kidding, he watched the boy slide down a slide, just the thought of losing him, made Brian die a little inside.

“Sir,” Brian heard a voice.  “Sir!” he felt a hand shake his shoulder and Brian snapped out of his stupor. His first reaction was to yank his shoulder out of the man’s grip and then he saw it was a policeman.

“Oh, is something wrong, officer?”

“Well, that depends on why a 40 something year old man is sitting on a park bench staring at a  group of children.”

Brian hadn’t thought about what that looked like. “Oh, sir, I’m waiting for a cab.” He showed the message on his phone from dispatch. 

“Do you mind if I join you for a couple minutes?” The man, about 10 years older than his 46 years, sat down on the other end of the bench.  “You seem like a man with something on your mind.”

“What are you, a psychologist?” Brian said, smiling at him. 

“Well, actually, I used to be one of the counselors for the department. I got shot during a hostage situation so now I work part time doing foot patrol in the parks as a safety officer. I happened to be walking by and a mother stopped me.”

“I’m sorry.  I hadn’t even thought about how this looked.” Brian glanced back and the boy was no longer there. And then Brian did something he never did.  He started sharing. “I came into town to talk to my son’s father.  He is threatening to take my boy away.”

“And let me guess, your son is about seven years old and blonde.”

“Yes. So do you work this park often?”

“Actually, almost every day.  I live close and I volunteer here after they had a couple close calls before we arrested a pedifile.”

“Thank god you did.  Do you know people in the neighborhood?”

“I know a good share of them.  We investigated anyone that fit the profile.”

“Did you investigate a man named Daklin?”

“Yours son’s father?”

“Yes, he lives right…”

“I know where he lives.  I know I shouldn’t be telling you this and I don’t even know your name but Daklin, although not the most pleasant man in the world, was thoroughly investigated and cleared.  He shared a lot of physical similarities to the man convicted.”

“I’m glad to know that anyway,” Brian said.

“About a year after that case, I saw his name in the papers.  He had made a windfall in some business deal.  He had his place completely remodeled and I have to admit I kind of watched that place.  I just didn’t like the guy.  Obviously I didn’t hold that against him and I am not saying he does anything illegal.”I’m Cal, by the way.”

“Brian Kinney.” Out of habit he reached in his pocket and handed the man his card.

“So you and your wife are raising his son?”

“Not quite.  I am married to his ex husband but I have raised that boy since he was a year old.”

 

As he said that a cab pulled up to the curb. The older gentleman said, “Looks like your ride finally made it.  I’ll keep an eye on the place and let you know if I hear anything.”

Brian smiled at him and extended his hand and they shook, “Thanks, nice chatting with you.” Brian waved at the cab and strode away.  That guy doesn’t have nearly enough to do, he thought as he got into the vehicle.  “Just take me to the airport.”

While on the road, Brian looked for a flight home, hoping he could crawl in bed with Justin before sunrise. 


“Hey Dad, have you heard from Dad?” Gus asked as they rode home from the airport.

“All I have heard is that he landed safely.” 

Gus glanced over at Aiden and when he was sure he was asleep he said softly, “Is he being stupid? What’s he doing in Seattle?”

“I hope he isn’t.  My ex is threatening to take Aiden. He thinks he can get custody.”

“The hell he can.  He isn’t taking my brother across the country.  I promised Aiden I would always…” Gus started getting upset now.  “I could have gone with him.  I….”

“Gus, your mom is working on it already.”

“She is so screwed up.  Are you sure she can actually do anything?”

Justin reached over Aiden’s car seat and squeezed his shoulder, “Gus, you know their relationship is over and hopefully, they can find someone that makes them happy.  Mel loves you and he knows how much you love Aiden and she loves him, too.  She will do whatever it takes to get this case dropped.”

“Ya, I guess I am still kind of screwed up because of all their shit but I do want them to be happy.  I just hope they don’t try to drag me into it.”

“Son, if you feel that pressure let your dad and I know. We won’t let them drag you down again.”

“I won’t, Dad.”

“And Gus, if…”

“Dad, I promise I will come to you if  I am feeling shaky.” The van pulled into the circular drive. “You take Aiden in. I will make sure the bags get in the house.”

Justin took Aiden out of his seat and gave Gus a quick kiss on the cheek.  “I love you, Gus.”

“I love you,too, Dad.  Now, go take care of Aiden.”


Justin put Aiden down in his room.  He knew how hard traveling was on Aiden, even if he didn’t admit it. By the time he came downstairs he found all the bags sitting in the entry and Gus coming from the kitchen with a soda in each hand.  He gave one to Justin.

 

“I'll bring the bags up in a few minutes.”

“We can bring them up later.” Justin dropped on the sofa in front of the TV, “Sit with me?” As Gus dropped down next to him and within a few minutes Gus and Justin had both drifted off.

 

Brian texted Justin from the airport.  He had tried to get a flight but was told there was no way he would make it home tonight and he let Justin know he had a flight early in the morning which would get him home mid afternoon tomorrow. As Brian thought about Justin and his boys he noticed an airline worker watching him.  He smiled at her and raised the glass of wine he had in his hand and before he realized it she was sitting across from him. He ordered her a soda and they chatted for a few minutes. 

“I saw you talking to Jill, at the ticket desk.  You seem to be in a hurry to get somewhere.” She gave him her sweetest smile. “I’m Marcia, by the way.”

“Brian. I was trying to get home to my family.”  He watched Marcia sag a bit.

“I should have known a man that looks as good as you either had a wife and kids or was gay.”

“Well, close.  I have a husband and kids.  All I want to do is get home to Pittsburgh and be with them.”

“Let’s see what I can do for you.  Finish that wine and follow me.”

Brian downed the last of the wine and followed Marcia into a back office. “So, Brian, how much are you willing to spend?”

“I always fly first class.  I understood that I could get out of here but would spend the night in Omaha or Detroit. Neither are at the top of my list to spend the night alone in an airport.”

Marcia’s fingers were flying over a keyboard. “This is a little crazy but, do you have any luggage?”

“No, Justin took that with him.” 

“How fast can you run?” Something was printing. “You need to sprint to gate 27.” She walked at a fast pace next to Brian,  “Don’t stop until you are in a seat on that plane. Once you are settled,   you can read through the rest of this stuff. You are switching airlines and your flight is supposed to leave at the same time this one lands but I have it on good authority that they will be delayed.  It will get you home around midnight. I put my phone number on there.  If you miss your flight, call and I will see what I can do.”

“Marcia,” Brian took both of Marcia’s upper arms and kissed her loudly.  “I love you!” he called over his shoulder as he sprinted through the terminal.

 

“Daddy, you ok?” Aiden crawled up on the sofa between Gus and Justin.

Justin wrapped his arms around Aiden and kissed his cheek. “I guess we were all just tired.” 

From behind them, Gus moved and soon his arms were around both of them. “Can I get in on this love fest? And by the way, I am STARVING!” 

“Well, you two continue the love and I will order pizza, they promise it in 30 minutes.” Justin ordered.  “I’m going to throw the one load of wash that we brought home dirty.”

“Gus?”

“Ya, bro?”

“Can I tell you something?”

“Is it something serious?” Gus smiled at his brother as he pulled him onto his lap.

Aiden straddled Gus’ lap and looked into Gus’ eyes, “I just wanted to tell you that I like this Gus so much more than the old Gus.  I always loved you, but there were times it was really hard to like you.”

Gus held onto his little brother, “I am so sorry I was mean to you.  I promise I will never do that again.”

Justin’s phone rang on the coffee table near the boys and Aiden leaned back snagging it off the table.  “It’s Big Daddy!” Aiden answered,  “Big Daddy, are you in Pittsburgh?”

“Aid, I only have a minute.  Where’s your Dad?” 

“Daddy, Big Daddy’s on the phone. He is doing laundry, Daddy. Gus is giving me a hug.”

“Aiden, please let me talk to Gus.  I only have a minute.”

“Daddy it is so good….”

“Aiden, I need to...shit, I have to go. Let your dad know I’m coming home.”

Gus looked at Aiden, “What did Dad say?” Gus started tickling him and Justin walked into the squeals of giggles from Aiden and then the doorbell rang and both Aiden and Gus yelled, ‘PIZZA!” And the call from Brian was forgotten.


Justin and Aiden walked up the stairs and they sat on Aiden’s bed and took turns reading the first book and then Justin read him one more book. As Justin tucked the nearly sleeping boy in, Aiden mumbled something about Big Daddy calling.  “Brian called? Aiden?” But Aiden was sound asleep.

Justin walked over to Gus’ room, knocking. “Come in,” Gus responded.

“Hey, Gus, Aiden just said something about Brian calling.  “Was he just talking in his sleep?”

“No, I forgot.  Just as the pizza got here, Aiden had answered a call from Dad.”

“What did he say?”

“Aiden was the only one that talked to him.”

“You didn’t hear any of the call?”

“Sorry, no.  He did say something about when he was coming home. He was probably just going to give us the flight number and stuff.”

“Ok, I’ll see I can get him.  It is three hours earlier in Washington.  Goodnight, Gus.  I think I will just read in bed for a while and try to get a hold of him. Did JR have a good time?”

“Ya, he said it was one of the best times he ever had.”

“Love you.  I will see you in the morning.”

“Love you too, Dad.”

After several tries, Justin gave up getting Brian on the phone and finally he just texted him. ‘Bri, I know you talked to Aiden but if you told him anything, he didn’t pass it on.  Let me know when you will be home tomorrow and I will meet you at the airport.’  He hit send but then typed in one more thing. ‘I love you, Brian. The bed is too big for one.’


Brian’s plane landed at 12:27 a.m. and by 12:35 he was in a cab.   He told the driver there was a $100 tip if the driver got him home by 1:15 a.m.  The driver would have to speed but it was doable this time of the night.  Brian debated whether  to text Justin but he decided he would just slip into bed.  He wouldn’t wake him up. 

When he arrived at 1:10, he paid the fare and handed him the $100.  Brian let himself in the house and punched in the security code.  He expected GC and then remembered Molly was bringing him back tomorrow. He grabbed a bottle of water and poured himself a shot and after drinking it he took his bottle of water and moved upstairs.  He looked into Gus’ room and found him playing a video game.  

“Dad, you’re home!”

“Trouble sleeping?”

“Ya, I’m still on mountain time I guess.”

“Did Aiden tell you I was coming home?”

“Dad, three seconds after he got off the phone with you, pizza was delivered and when Dad asked what you said, all he could say was you were coming home.  Dad said he would call you in the morning and find out when he should pick you up.”  

Brian walked over to Gus and kissed his forehead.  “Get some sleep pretty soon.” Brian walked to the door and turned, “Gus, I love you.”

“I love you, too, Dad. Glad you got home.”

Brian looked in at Aiden and pulled the blankets up a little higher and then he moved on to his Sunshine.  He slipped in, not wanting to wake him if he was deep in sleep. He dropped his clothes in a chair, drank a bunch of his water, and slipped into the bathroom to piss before getting into bed.

Justin came out of a deep sleep.  He noticed the thin slit of light coming from under the bathroom door. In his haze he said, “Brian,” under his breath.  A second later Justin was out ofbed and looking for a weapon.  In the dark, he grabbed a heavy crystal vase and moved behind the door as the light was shut off in the bathroom and the door opened.

 

Brian’s eyes adjusted quickly and he could see Justin was no longer in bed.  As Justin lifted the vase above his head, Brian called out softly, “Sunshine, where did you go?”

Justin’s arms were on their way down when he realized it was Brian.  Mid Swing he turned his body and ended up hitting the wall behind him shattering the vase in a million  pieces.

“What the hell?” Brian yelled.

“Oh, god, Brian!  I could have killed you.  I didn’t expect you!” He took a step toward Brian and then cried out.

“Don’t move.  Let me get slippers on and I’ll turn on the light.” Brian took a big stride away and then flipped on the light before slipping on his slippers.  He looked back and saw Justin leaning against the wall holding up one foot.  Brian saw blood dripping from it. He scooped him up and carried him around the glass, setting him down on the bed. “I’m going to grab towels from the hall closet.”  He was back in a couple minutes with towels and a first aid kit.

“Brian, it isn’t bad, really.”  

“I’ll be the judge of that.” He went down on one knee and lifted Justin’s foot up.  It really was a very small spot that was bleeding but there was a piece of glass sticking out. “Can you find a tweezer in that kit?” Justin looked and handed Brian a large  tweezer.  “I need to take a piece out before I can wrap it.  Scoot up and lay down.” Justin’s foot was now right at the edge of the bed so it was much more steady.  He took the tweezer and carefully pulled it out. Justin yipped like a dog who got his paw stepped on.

“Dads, I don’t know if I even dare ask but are you two alright? I heard one of you yell.”

“Hey, Gus, could you go get a broom and dustpan. Oh, and put shoes on before you come in.”

Gus came back and started sweeping up the glass.  “What happened?”

“Sunshine didn’t realize I was home and was going to nail me with the vase.  Instead it hit the wall and…”

“I got the picture.” He looked at Justin, “Are you alright, Dad?” He looked at Brian.  “Is it bad?”

“As long as I got all the glass out, he will be fine.”

“I can’t promise I got all the glass but I tried. Is it Ok if I go to bed?” 

“Go, Gus,” Justin smiled at his son.

Gus walked over and kissed Justin and then kissed the top of Brian’s head, “See you in the morning.”  Gus left, shutting the door to the hall.  

While they had been talking Brian had taken some gauze, went around the foot several times and then put tape on it.  Brian stood and put away the first aid kit before turning off the light and then joined Justin in the bed.

“Damn, am I glad you are home.” Justin pulled Brian into his arms.  “Did you tell Aiden you were coming?”

“I did but I wasn’t sure if he had that straight.” Brian’s mouth covered Justin’s and Justin wrapped a leg around Brian’s hip. They kissed and touched for several minutes. They rocked back and forth rubbing their pelvis together. 

“Bri, I’m going …. Oh, god.” Brian moved down Justin’s body and took his cock in his mouth. It was only moments before Justin arched and Brian, after taking all he had to offer, moved up and pulled Justin into his arms.

“I should have known Aiden wouldn’t let you know. He’s too young to be responsible for something like that.”  Brian told Justin about the flight attendant and all her help getting him home.

“Are you going to tell me what happened in Seattle?” Justin curled up against Brian, feeling content now.

“I know it was stupid.  I just needed him to know that he couldn’t win.  It took me almost 35 years to learn what love really was and I will never give up anything I love. The stupidest thing I ever did was let you leave. It will never happen again.”

“Mel is working on it already.  We may not be happy with either of them but we know both Mel and Lindz love Aiden.”

“Yes, we do,” Brian said as his hand grazed Justin’s cock but he moved past it and pulled up the blankets.  “Does your foot hurt?”

“It throbs a bit but I don’t think there is more glass in there.”

“Ted and Victor are coming over tomorrow so Victor can look at it, just to be sure.”

“Does he have to? I would rather he doesn’t go poking around.”

“I know but I would rather you don’t get an infection.”

“Are you willing to negotiate this?” As Justin spoke he ran his tongue along Brian’s jaw and then moved down Brian’s lean body and now, as Justin took Brian’s cock into his mouth.

“This is not fair.  Oh, fuck, I hope Mel negotiates as well as….” Brian couldn’t talk any more as he felt Justin’s lips on the base of his cock and the tip of it was rubbing the back of his throat.


“Big Daddy, you made it home!” Aiden stood next to the bed. “And you and Daddy are naked, aren’t you?”

Brian lifted Aiden up and set him down on top of the blanket. Aiden kissed first Brian and then Justin.

“Aiden, did you forget to tell me Big Daddy was coming home?”

“I told you, Daddy.  You were washing some clothes and I told you he was coming home sometime soon.”

Justin wrapped his arms around his son and pulled him down.  “How are you feeling today?

“Je suis un peu fatigué.” Aiden rattled off in French.

“So you’re tired?”

“I didn’t know you spoke French, Daddy.”

“I really don’t but I knew the word fatigue. You are amazing. When did you learn that much?”

“Uncle Victor is a good teacher.”

Brian leaned over Aiden and kissed Justin. “Aiden, I think you should take it easy today.  In just a couple days you will be off to first grade so I am afraid you really need to rest.”  

Aiden lost the sparkle in his eyes and snuggled against  Justin. “I wish I didn’t get sick all the time.”

“Oh, son, we wish that, too, but we are going to do our best so you don’t get very sick. I’m sorry you miss out sometimes.” Justin held his son tightly.

“Well, this weekend your dad is going to be sitting with you.” Brian said.  “How is your foot?”

“What happened, Daddy?” Aiden looked at Justin with true concern.

“It is nothing serious, Aid.  I just got a little cut on my foot last night so it will probably hurt to walk for a day or two.”

Aiden looked at Brian, “Big Daddy, you need to call Uncle Victor.  He can make anything better.  Call him now!” 

“Well, they will be here in an hour so I will ask him to bring his doctor bag with him. Why don’t you go get dressed while we take a quick shower and we will meet you down in the kitchen in a short while, Ok?” Brian lifted Aiden up and set him on the floor. 

“Ok, can I get a juice box if I get down first.”

“Of course you can. And we promise it won’t be long.”

Aiden waved at his daddies and walked out of the room.

“Now, let’s see if you can stand on your foot.”  Brian said as he walked to Justin’s side of the bed.

Justin set his feet on the floor and with Brian to balance against he stood on his good foot and tried putting pressure, “Fuck!” 

“How bad?”

“Not good, but with you to lean on… I do need a shower.”

“I could give you a sponge bath,” Brian lifted an eyebrow. 

“You just promised our son we would be right down.”

“A shower it is.”

Fifteen minutes later they walked downstairs, Justin leaning heavily on Brian. To their surprise, Gus was standing at the counter making something.

“I didn’t expect to see you up already.” Brian said as he helped Justin sit next to Aiden, who instantly curled up next to him. When Brian turned and looked at Gus he had worry run through him.  He walked over to stand next to him. He slipped an arm around his son’s waist.  “What is it, Gus?”

Softly Gus said, “JR texted me all night. He is so worried about his little brother.”

“What’s happening?”

“His little brother called him last night and he could hear Ray’s dad shouting in the back.  He called the police when the phone went dead and, well, now no one answers at his brother’s house.”

“He told Ted and Victor, didn’t he?”

“Yes, but they had to wait until this morning to find anything out. When are they supposed to be here?”

“In about 40 minutes.  When I texted Victor he didn’t mention it.”

“Dad, JR will feel horrid if anything happens to him.  He never trusted Ray’s dad.”

“We will help in any way we can. Did you talk to your mom?”

“Ya, she and Uncle Ted have already talked. I’m going to put sausage and bacon in the oven. I need to do something so I figured making breakfast was the best I could do.”

Brian kissed his son’s curls, “Molly and her crew should be here soon with GC.”

“Yeah. I have missed my puppy.” Aiden called as he laid his head in Justin’s lap.

There is a knock on the front door and Aiden heard GC yip.  In a flash he was up and at the front door. He opened it and both Tasha and GC rushed in. Tasha, Molly and Spencer's daughter, hugged Aiden while Aiden hugged GC. Molly dropped down next to her brother, having heard about the injury already in a text. 

“Daddy,” Aiden ran up to Justin.  “Can we go play with GC until breakfast is ready?”

“If one of your dads will sit out there with you,” Justin said.  “I don’t want you out there alone.  Aiden isn’t feeling 100% after our busy day yesterday.”

“Well, Spenc, do you want to be suis chef for Gus or go out with the other kids?”

“I’ll help Gus.  Molly says I'm not half bad helping in the kitchen unless Gus has a preference.”

“You can start chopping some peppers and onions to go in the scrambled eggs.”

 

“So how exactly did you hurt your foot, Justin?” Molly looped her arm in his.

“I dropped a vase last night in the dark and stepped on a piece. Please don’t tell Brian, but it is killing me.  Victor will look at it when he gets here. Speaking of Victor, I am surprised they aren’t here yet. Gus, have you heard from JR?”

“Not for an hour. Spenc, throw the vegetables in that pan and add a little more butter.”

Just as Justin pulled his phone out, a message came in.  “They’ll be here in ten minutes.  Hear that Gus?”

“Yep!  I’ll start mixing the eggs.”

“Justin,” Molly laid her head on his shoulder, “Aiden looks a little pale this morning.”

“He’s fine.  Jet lag ala Aiden.  We will make him take it easy this weekend and he will be ready for school on Tuesday.”

Soon the doorbell rang and Molly got up, “I’ll get it gimpy.”

“Haha,” Justin said deliberately. 

JR walked in the door with a small boy next to him.  The small boy hung onto JR’s hand and when Molly smiled and said, “You must be JR.  I’m Molly, Justin’s sister, and who is this?” Molly kneeled down so she was at the young boy’s level but he moved further behind JR. JR picked him up and smiled at Molly, “It’s nice to meet you, Molly. This is my brother, Raymond. He’s had a rough night.” With that said, JR smiled at her and carried Raymond into the kitchen.

Ted and Victor both hugged Molly and the three walked into the great room. Victor walked directly to Justin and sat on the other end of the sofa and put his hand out.  Justin turned and laid his foot in Victor’s hand. “So I have two patients today. Do you think the glass is out?”

“I did but this morning it really is tender.”

Victor pressed around the injured area.  “I can’t be sure if there is more in there but it feels warm.  I think it might be infected, nothing serious but we will keep an eye on it.  I am going to clean it out and bandage it but, from the smell of that food, it can wait until after brunch.”

“Uncle Victor!” Aiden ran into the man’s arms.  “Did you look at Daddy’s sore foot?”

“I did and after we eat I will take care of it but your brother’s food smells a lot better than your daddy’s stinky food.” They both laughed.  “Aiden, I have a favor to ask. See the little boy JR is holding?” Aiden nodded.  “That is Raymond.”

“JR’s brother?”

“Yes.  He is going to live with us for a while.  He is a bit scared right now and he hasn’t been talking to us yet but maybe after we eat you could invite him to play or something.  He doesn’t have to but maybe because you are about the same age….”

“I love new friends.  Does that mean he will go to my school?”

“We aren’t sure yet but I am glad if he does, he will already have a friend.”

 

Gus and Spencer flipped pancakes and Gus, JR, and Raymond went to the patio to eat while adults sat at the table and Aiden sat with Tasha by the counter.   

“What happened with Raymond?” Brian asked once everyone was eating.

“The poor little one hasn’t said a word.  His step mother just wanted him out because ‘he stirred up her husband’. We aren’t sure we want to know what that means but Raymond looks scared of his own shadow and he won’t come near either of us.  We are afraid the man…” Victor had to stop.

“You got the picture,” Ted said. “We are hoping they will let him stay with us.  He obviously feels comfortable with his big brother. We need to get in touch with the school when we can and, Brian, until we figure out what we are doing, I might need time off. I know that isn’t good timing.”

“We know you will do what you need to do.  We can work something out with Cassandra, too.  She will be back tomorrow and she has college, of course but some of her courses are online.  I am sure she would be happy to help us both out.” Justin put his leg up on Brian’s lap when he finished talking.

“Oh, that would be amazing.  He obviously has a fear of men and for good reason, but Cassandra shouldn’t be threatening at all. I hadn’t even thought about her.”

“You two have had lots going on.  We will make this all work.”

Molly stood, “Ok, Tash and Aiden, I think it is time for you to go watch a movie.”

“Aunt Molly, can I go ask Raymond to join us?”

“I think that would be very nice, Aiden. Tasha and I will be in your room and find a movie.”

“Ok.” Aiden walked out the back door.  Raymond was sitting next to JR. He had eaten his meal and was leaning against his brother. 

“Hey, Ray, this is Aiden,”JR introduced them.  He is just a little younger than you.  He will be in first grade and you will be in second.  Raymond whispered something to JR.  “Aiden, Ray was just saying you look a little smaller than most six year olds.”

“Ray, I have a funny named disease that messes up my blood sometimes and because my blood isn’t always healthy, I don’t grow as fast.  My cousin and I are going to go watch a movie in my room.  Would you like to watch it with us?” He held onto JR’s arm.

“That’s very nice, Aiden.  Is it alright if he comes up later, if he feels like it?”

“Sure.  Ray, I hope you will come and watch with us.” And with that Aiden moved back into the house.

“He didn’t want to come?” Ted asked.

“Not right now but JR said he might come up pretty soon.”

“Go enjoy your movie.” Brian said and Aiden ran upstairs.

“Now, Justin, it is time for me to play doctor.”

“Victor Gerard, you said I was the only one you would play doctor with.”

They all laughed, “Come on, Ted, why don’t we start cleaning up the kitchen and let our husbands do what they need to do.”

Victor took a large roaster and filled it with warm water and put several different things in it.

“It’s going to hurt isn’t it,” Justin said as he cringed.

“It will only hurt until it doesn’t.”

“For some reason that doesn’t make me feel any better,” Justin commented as he slowly put his foot into the roaster of water.

It wasn’t long before Gus and JR came in with Raymond between them.  “Ray decided he would like to watch some of that movie.  He will be in Aiden’s room and we will be in Gus’ room.”

When they got upstairs, JR explained he would be just down the hall in Gus’ room and Aiden and Tasha immediately made room for Raymond on the bed but instead he sat on the floor next to the bed and the kids immediately were all watching the show.

JR and Gus went into Gus’ room.  “Do you want to play something?” Gus asked.

“Sure, sounds good,” JR said as he dropped into one of the gaming chairs.

Gus started going through some of the games, “What do you want to play?” JR didn’t respond. “JR? Ok, what guy are you thinking about this time?”

JR, doubled over and put his head in his hands.

“What’s wrong?” Gus reached over and touched JR’s shoulder.  “Is it Raymond?”

 

When JR lifted his head tears were running down his face.  “I don’t know if we got him soon enough.  I hope he didn’t do to him what he did to me!”

Chapter 2 by Simply written

Chapter 2


Gus and JR sat silently.  JR had just dropped a bomb and Gus wasn’t sure what to do with it. “Um, JR, have you talked to Uncle Victor and Uncle Ted? Do they know something happened?”

“When RayMan called me last night, I could hear he was scared.  His dad was drunk and he didn’t make a lot of sense but he was scared and he didn’t want him to come to his room.  I know I should have told them what I was afraid of but I told them he was scared because his dad was drunk.”

“JR, you don’t have to tell me what happened but did you ever… Hell, I don't know what I’m trying to say.” Gus moved a little closer to him.  “What can I do to help?”

“Can you give me a hug? Gus dropped to his knees in front of JR and wrapped his arms around him. JR held on tight  and, although he was crying softly he seemed calm in Gus’ arms. Gus wasn’t sure why but he kissed the side of JR’s cheek.  JR lifted his head and turned to look at Gus.  “I know, Gus, that you aren’t into guys but that was really sweet.”

Gus wasn’t sure what possessed him but he brushed his mouth over JR’s and before either of them realized it, the kiss had deepened. They both shifted and pressed against each other’s chests. “Oh, Gus, I… we shouldn’t do this.”

Gus moved back, “JR, I didn’t mean to do that.  I didn’t mean to play on your emotions.  I’m not sure why I did.”

“I’m not sorry you did.  I am not some silly girl that thinks because you kissed me we’re in love.  I have to say, you are a damn good kisser and any time you want to kiss me…” JR was back to his old self.  He winked at Gus.

Gus blushed a bit.  “You aren’t half bad yourself. I had never kissed someone with, well, lips the size of yours and I liked it.” Gus stopped a second, “I didn’t mean that the way it sounded.”

“Gus, it sounded like you like my lips.  I’m good with that.”

Gus got serious, “JR, you should talk to them. You may not know you’re hurt but Victor is a doctor and it probably wouldn’t hurt you to talk to someone.”

“Ya, you’re probably right.”

“If you want me to be with you when you do it, I’ll come,” Gus smirked, “Come hold your hand.” They both laughed but then Gus added, “Is Raymond Ok?”

“Ya, he said the asshole hit him a couple times and in the past he had done the same thing but he never really hurt him.”

“I’m glad.”

“I better go check on him.” Gus followed him out and together they opened Gus’ door.  Gus took out his phone and had to take a picture of what he saw.  All three kids were sound asleep on the bed with an arm draped over the one next to them.  Gus took several pictures and then they stepped back out of the room. He flipped through the photo gallery. “JR, look at Ray’s face.  He looks so peaceful.”

JR put his head on Gus’ shoulder, “Send that to me, Ok?  It will show Mom he is all right. She feels so guilty. She shouldn’t.  I mean he was with his father but now he will be with me, and Victor and Ted are so great.  Hopefully, RayMan will get to stay with us.”

“He will be really lucky if he does.  He will have three men watching out for him.”


Mid afternoon the house cleared out.  Aiden sat out on the patio while Brian and Justin sat on the sofa.  “How is the foot doing?” Brian kissed Justin.

“It finally quit pounding. And at least the way he wrapped it helps me walk with a little less pain. My ass still hurts where he gave me the shot.”

“Oh, please may I kiss it and make it better.” Brian pushed Justin down on the sofa and tugged at his pants.

“Oh, god, please! Not in the family room.” Gus groaned as he pushed Brian’s legs out of his way and dropped into a chair. “What’s for dinner?”

Justin looked over at their son, “Gus, is something wrong?”

“Na, just thinking about JR and Raymond. Did Ted and Victor say anything about last night?”

“Not a lot.  Your mom told them they shouldn’t talk about it until the placement is official. What they did say was JR probably saved his brother from a lot of pain both physically and mentally.” Justin smiled  at him as he rested a hand on Brian’s upper thigh.

“Dads, I’m not sure what happened but I think Ray’s dad might have done something to JR when he was younger.”

“Are you sure?” Brian moved Justin’s hand which had been brushing against his cock making it hard, and hard to focus.

“I didn’t pry and I  got a bit distracted after we kissed and we looking in on the kids and…”

Justin raised his hand. “Wait.  Stop. Did you just say kissed? Do you mean you were a friend and kissed his cheek or…”

“That was how it started but, well…” Gus shrugged.

“What are you trying to tell us, Gus?”

“I don’t know.  I just wanted to let you know it happened and I didn’t hate it but neither of us are saying we are boyfriends and I am not saying I’m gay or bi or solely straight.  I comforted a friend and,” he shrugged.

“You’re a good friend, Gus.” Justin stood and cringed.  Brian pulled him back. “It’s time to start getting something ready for dinner and Aiden should come in and…”

“I’ll go check on Aid and GC.  Dad,” he looked at Brian, “We have a lot of pizza left from last night.  Why don’t you just turn on the oven and throw it on a couple cooking sheets. It will be warmed up in about 15 minutes.” He then looked at Justin, “We can take care of you for a change, Dad.” And he walked out the back door.

“Damn, that is a good kid.  I am glad he got back on track,” Justin said as he watched Gus drop next to his little brother.

“We have two great kids.” Brian dropped over the back of the sofa and his head landed on Justin’s lap. “I love you.  I don’t think I told you about Cal.”

“Cal?”

Brian told Justin about the retired neighborhood watch guy in Seattle. “He said he knew Daklin and they had researched him and found nothing but he also said he just didn’t like the guy.  He said he would keep an eye on his place.”  Brian got up and turned on the oven.  He pulled out the leftover pizza and some sheet pans. He put the pizza on the sheets and put the pans in the oven, setting the timer for 15 minutes.  Brian walked back and dropped down next to Justin.

“He must be a good judge of character.  I didn’t see it until after we were married but he just always seemed like he was guilty of something and, of course, he was when he fucked around.”

“We probably will never hear from him but I gave him my card.” Justin ran his fingers through Brian’s hair and then, watching the boys outside the door, he slipped his hand into Brian’s pants and Brian became speechless for a moment.  “Damn, I want to make love to you so bad.” Brian kissed him.

“Well, I am priming the pump.  After the pizza we can spend some time with Aiden.  Maybe we can let him have a bath in our big tub.  He always likes that.”  Justin felt how hard Brian was getting. He pinched his balls and Brian’s yipped.

“Fuck, that hurt.”

“Just didn’t want you to forget where we were.”

“Damn, has that ever happened?”  As Brian started to press Justin backward the oven alarm sounded.  “Shit!”

Brian got up and waved at the boys.  As Brian pulled out the pans, Gus came in with Aiden squealing over his shoulder. He set Aiden on the counter near but not too close to the pizza pans.  Brian got a piece of pizza on a plate for Aiden and started lifting him down.  Aiden wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck and gave him a big kiss. “I love you, Big Daddy.”

Brian hugged him tightly.  “I love you so much, Aiden.” When Aiden loosened his grip Brian set him down and carried his pizza to the coffee table by Justin.  “What do you want to drink?”

Aiden looked at Brian and said, “I’ll have a beer.” There was a stream of giggles from Aiden while Brian and Justin had their mouths wide open.

Aiden looked at Gus, “Did I do it ok?”

Gus raised a thumb in the air. “Oh, hey, I just saw Cassandra go into her place.  We have plenty of pizza.  I will see if she wants any.” He was out the door with a two slice sandwich.

Brian came and handed Justin a plate with four slices.  He then came back with two beers and a glass of milk. “Did your brother put you up to that?” Brian asked Aiden.

“It was funny, wasn’t it, Daddy?” Aiden looked at Justin.

“Yes, it was funny,” Justin laughed.

“What shall we watch?”  Justin asked and together they planned their evening.


Gus caught the door and called up the steps, “Hey, Cass, want some pizza? It is left over but we heated it up.”

“No thanks, but you can come up if you want.”

As he got to the top of the stairs he felt a little sheepish. It wasn’t the first time he had seen her since their thing but he wanted to get over this edgy feeling he felt. “Hey,” he said softly.

“Hey, Gus, did you have a nice time in the mountains?”

“Ya, I really did.” He couldn’t seem to look at her directly.

“Gus, I thought we had gotten past this.”

“I know. I don’t know why...I mean I still really like you but I know what we were doing…”

“Yes, it is nothing I am proud of either and I really hope we can be friends since I am living here.”

Gus smiled at her, “Sure, I hope the same thing.” Gus dropped into one of the chairs and said, “Oh, by the way, if you are willing, you might be helping with another kid, too.  You remember JR?”

“Sure, he’s a great kid but doesn’t need a babysitter,” she smiled at him.

Gus laughed, “You know he is living with Ted and Victor, right?”

“Ya, I heard that.  His mom went back to school, right?”

“Well, his little brother, Raymond, is living there now.  He is a year older than Aiden and he was living with his dad and…” Gus stopped talking.

“What is it, Gus?” She sat down next to him.

“I don’t know exactly.  His dad had been doing something but I am not sure what. But Cass, whatever was going on, that guy hurt JR, too.  How can people be so shitty? He’s my friend and he’s hurting. How…”  Gus put his arms around Cassandra and she hugged him.

“Gus, you are a great friend.  Just let him know you are there if he wants to talk.  Do Ted and Victor know?”

“Not details but they are happy to have Ray with them.” Gus sat back and looked at Cass, “I’ll be there if he needs me.”

“I know you will and if I can help let me know.”

“Thanks, oh by the way, I don’t know what you have planned tomorrow but if you want to hang at the house or with Aiden, Justin hurt his foot yesterday and is having trouble walking on it so if you’re around.”

“What happened to his food?”

“I didn’t want to ask if it happened during sex but somehow a vase got broken and he stepped on some glass.  Victor looked at it and said it will be fine in a couple days but I can tell it really hurts him.”

“I’ll come over tomorrow. Now tell me about that amazing cabin.”

Gus and Cass talked for another couple hours about the trip and the new cabin that was going to be built and about the wolf.

“That sounds so amazing and the pictures you showed me, I would love to go to a place like that.”

“I bet we could make that happen.”


“Bri, he’s sound asleep. Can you carry him up? I don’t think I could manage that today.”

“I’ll come back and help…”

“I can manage getting up there myself. It will just take me a little bit.  Why don’t you put him down and when you’re done, start the bathtub.  Victor says it is good to soak it and we might as well have some fun while I do it.”

Brian kissed him and then hoisted his sleeping son into his arms. Aiden put his arms around his daddy’s neck in his sleep. “Take your time, love. Call if you need help on the steps.”

“I will, Bri.  Love you.”

“I love you, too.” 

As Justin got up, Gus walked in the back door.  “Oh hey! Did you have a nice time with Cass?” Justin tried to sound casual as he limped to the counter but Gus heard his concern.

“Dad, we didn’t do anything more than talk. I told her about Ray. I hope that was ok.”

“Sure, Gus. We would have talked to her next time we saw her.”

Justin and Gus threw away the remains of the pizza and when Justin started washing the pan, Gus took it from him, “Why are you standing on your sore foot?”

“Because I couldn’t carry Aiden up the steps and I wasn’t going to leave this until morning.”

“You go up to dad.  This will only take me like two minutes and Cass is coming over tomorrow to help with Aiden so you can take it easy.”

“It really does feel better than it did. It is pounding now but I think tomorrow it will be much better.”

“I’ll check the locks and turn on the alarm before I come upstairs.”

Justin hugged Gus and kissed his cheek, “I love you, Gus, and I am so proud of you.”

“Love you, too, Dad.”


Justin hobbled up the steps slowly. He could hear the water running and when he got to the top of the steps he could smell their favorite scent of lavender and sandalwood. Justin shut the door behind him and pulled off his shirt. As he undid his fly, he heard the water shut off and then Brian walked out of the bathroom naked.

“Let me help you with those,” Brian’s lips slid from  Justin’s neck to his shoulder and as Justin leaned into him, Brian pushed his shorts down.  “Sit down, and I will get them off your feet.” As Brian made sure the shorts were out of the way, he helped him onto his feet.  He let his hands slide down Justin’s back and rested on his ass. “You are so gorgeous.” Just feeling Justin’s body against him, he was hard as a rock.

Justin kissed him once more and said,“Let’s get in that tub.” 

Brian helped Justin in the tub and then removed the bandage on his foot and Justin gently lowered it into the water before Brian got in and slipped behind him. “I am glad we had this tub made as big as we did. Brian slid his arms under Justin’s and linked them around his waist, making it very easy to rest them on Justin’s cock.  Brian’s stroking took his mind off his throbbing foot and for the moment he rested his head back on Brian’s shoulder, kissing his neck and jaw.

“Gus came in before I came up.”

“He was with Cass all this time?”

“Yes, but he said they are just friends now and I believe him. I am sure it is tempting to slip but I think both of them know that isn’t wise.  He really is such a good kid.  I know this stuff with JR is really affecting him.  He is such a good friend.” Justin had to move against Brian’s hand by that time. Brian felt him trembling.

“Let go. Just relax and let go.” Brian moved one arm so it was over Justin’s shoulder and he began to stroke his chest and played with his nipples. Justin turned his face and Brian met it. Between Brian’s hands and the passion of the kiss, Justin soon climaxed as his whole body trembled.  Brian tightened his arms around him and held him close for several minutes before either said a word.

Finally Justin turned to kiss him again. “God, I love you. How did I ever leave you?”

“You left me because I was an idiot and when I came to my senses, you were already married to Him. When through my sources I knew you were on your way to the cabin five years ago, I knew I had to win you back. The last five years have been the happiest in my life, even with family trouble.”

“Brian, I want you so bad. I want you deep inside me. I want to feel every inch of you, along with the pain!  Please, don’t make me wait.”

“Get on your knees.  It’s a little slippery but we have never questioned the issues that come with our love. We can make anything work.”  Justin moved carefully so he didn’t hit his foot on anything as he moved into position. Then it was Brian’s turn to position himself behind him.  He first bent and kissed the light bruise from the earlier shot. But then he moved on and his tongue trailed down the valley between the beautiful globes.  When he got to the small bud it opened easily for his finger.  It often amazed him how something so small could take an entire cock and then went right back to its small size.  His finger grazed Justin’s prostate, knowing from the way Justin arched that he had found the right place. After a little more exploration, Brian positioned himself and putting his cock at the entrance, he pressed inward. He felt Justin relax to take him and then sigh when the wave of discomfort passed. Justin strained backward and Brian moved in and out.  He couldn’t restrain himself and began moving faster, slamming hard against him and when he exploded he dropped forward to feel Justin’s back against his chest. He kissed Justin’s back and neck as he tried to get his breath.  As he did so his hands again wandered down to Justin’s dick and stroked until he felt Justin tightened around his now deflated cock still buried inside.  They both groaned at the feeling each had. As Justin came again, Brian absorbed the pleasure of the contractions around him. 

“Damn, I’m getting old.  I can’t stay on my knees any longer.” Brian moved out of him and started running a little more water. “We may as well clean off in warm water.” They went back to their previous position and Brian wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders. They sat for another 10 minutes just relaxing in the feel of the other.  

“Bri, I think I better get out.  I need to rewrap, or should I say, you need to rewrap my foot.”

“Is it hurting?”

“I feel like a wimp but it just keeps pounding.”

“I am sure I have something that will help you forget that.  I have a joint or two of high grade.  We could share it.”

“It will be fine once I’m laying down. Oh, and Cass is going to come help part of the day tomorrow.  Gus told her about my foot and about Raymond.” Brian got out and actually picked Justin up out of the tub. Their wet bodies slid against each other as he set him down. 

“Sit,” Brian said and pointed to a little stool they kept in the bathroom.  He handed a towel to Brian and after quickly drying himself off, he helped Justin finish.  Then together they slowly walked to their bed.  They both got in and pulled the blanket up.  Brian pulled something out of the drawer next to his bed.  “Take this.”

“Brian, it isn’t so bad.  I don’t want to take something that will…”

“My love, it is only an over the counter pain killer with a sleep aid.” Brian popped it in Justin’s mouth and gave him a bottle of water.

“Thanks, Brian, I love you.”

“I love you, too. Now come here so I can hold you close.” Moments later Brian was sound asleep.  Justin hoped that pill kicked in soon. He kept thinking about Daklin and Aiden. He really wasn’t afraid his sweet boy would be taken away but what worried him was that Dak would get visitation and be able to take him out of the city. It would kill him to know that...And his mind shut down.

Justin dreamed of Daklin getting summer visitation.  In his mind he saw Daklin and Aiden get on a plane and the next thing he saw was Aiden in a hospital with no one at his side.  Daklin was in the hall flirting with a doctor while Aiden was the same color as the sheets.  A man in a white coat walked in and he heard Aiden say, ‘You aren’t Victor’. Then in the dream Aiden started crying and Daklin came in and told him to shut up. 

“Justin, wake up.  You’re having a bad dream.” Brian pulled him into his arms and although Justin wasn’t really awake he clung to Brian. “Sleep, love. I will protect you.”

In his drug induced sleep, Justin mumbled, “Protect Aiden.” 

“I will give my life for him and you.” Brian said, kissing Justin’s cheek and then going back to sleep himself.



Justin woke up to an empty bed. He put his feet on the floor and slowly stood up.  He still felt a twinge but it was much better than it had been. He had learned the day before that wearing shoes seemed to help so he pulled on some shorts and a tee before putting on some boat shoes that were heavily padded. When he stepped out in the hall, he heard Brian and Aiden talking downstairs.

“Big Daddy, are you sure you know how to make an omelette?” Justin could see him sitting in the middle of the kitchen island far enough away from the stovetop so he couldn’t get splattered but close enough to see what his daddy was doing.

“Yes, I know how to make an omelette.  They are just lazy scrambled eggs, just pour them in and let them sit. What do you want in it?”

“Cheese!”

“Nothing else? You don’t want onions or broccoli?”

“Do we have onions and broccoli?” Aiden asked.

“I don’t think so.”

“I like broccoli and onions.”

“And you eat them when we do have them,” Justin said as he strode in and wrapped his arms around Aiden.  “Good morning, Aiden.” Justin kissed him and then moved on to Brian and brought his hand up to his cheek and kissed him. The kiss went deep and long.

“Daddy, don’t distract him.  He’s making my breakfast.”

Brian looked at him, “How are you this morning?”

“I’m good.  My foot is getting better every day.”

“Ok, Aiden, sit on the stool and I will give you your food.”

Aiden slid into his seat and Brian set a plate in front of him with toast and his omelette and then he took Justin in his arms and kissed him again but then brought his mouth to Justin’s ear, “Do you remember your dream last night?”

“I dreamed?”

“You were agitated and I think scared.”

“Did I actually say anything?”

“The only thing I could understand was to protect Aiden.”

Justin thought for a moment and then it all came back to him. “Oh, ya.” He noticed Aiden listening to them.  “We’ll talk later. Now, how about an omelette? Aiden hasn’t fallen off of his stool yet.  It must be safe.” Brian swatted Justin’s ass hard enough for Aiden to hear the smack.

“Big Daddy! Don’t hit Daddy.”

“It’s Ok, Aid,” Justin said as he sat down next to him. “He didn’t hurt me and it is sort of a game we play sometimes.”

I promise you, Aiden, I would never hit your father to hurt him.”

“Ok,” Aiden shrugged, so trusting of the adults he loved.  He finished eating and as soon as he slipped off his stool, GC was at his side.  “Daddy, GC wants to go outside.  Can I go out in the yard with him?”

“Yes, just take it a little easy.  How are you feeling today?”

“I am feeling pretty good.  I know I will be ready for school on Tuesday.”

“I am sure you will be ready, too. Tomorrow Ted and Victor are coming over with Raymond.  He will give you a quick once over just to be sure you are ready.  And Raymond will be spending time here after school with you and Cass.  How does that sound?”

“I like Raymond.  He is kind of quiet but he doesn’t know me yet.”

“You are so smart.  I bet soon you will be best friends,” Brian said as he set a plate in front of Justin and then sat down by the second plate. “Go ahead.  I can tell GC wants to play.”

Aiden waved and went out the door. As soon as the door shut Brian looked at Justin.  “So what terrified you last night?”

“Daklin took him away.  And Aiden was in the hospital with us, without Victor and Dak was in the hall flirting. I know he wouldn’t ever actually hurt him but there are so many things that would hurt our boy that he doesn’t understand.”

“Do you have any idea why he really wants him now?”

“I really don’t.  Twice a year I have emailed him pictures.  That was part of the agreement when he signed him over to me.”

“Justin, he looks a lot like you.  Do you think this focused on you, not Aiden?”

“I hadn’t thought of that,” Justin took a bite between his comments. “It might be something I’ll ask him if he doesn’t give up on this.”

“Well, he isn’t getting you, either.”

“Oh, he’s not? And here I thought…”

Brian shut him up with a kiss.  “I know you are joking, but I can’t imagine living without you.” They turned so they alternated legs and could get a little closer.  As they kissed, Gus walked in.

“Really? Don’t you two ever stop?  Did I tell you JR wants to watch you two sometime? Of course I don’t think he ever would but he thinks you are both really hot for old guys.”

“We just started and it was only a kiss,” Justin smiled at Gus. “Do you know if JR has ever had sex?”

“Now that is kind of creepy,” Gus walked to the fridge and poured out some orange juice.  “But I don’t think he has.  I know he has played a bit.  And you know, as a hetero we hear all about sex but gays have to figure it all out by themselves or with porn and we all know porn is not real.”

“And you are an expert at porn?” Brian asked with a father’s concern but not accusingly.

“Well, Dad, I’m 16. I’ve seen my share.”

“Have you watched gay porn?” 

“Ya, I wanted to see well...you know you two aren’t the quietest when you fuck.”

“So, do you have any questions?”

“Dad, I am not going to ask my parents about their sex lives.  I have to say they look like they are having fun but I just keep thinking it has to hurt and, no, I don’t want you to tell me if it does or doesn’t.”

“If you want to experiment, I am sure we have some toys somewhere.  We rarely use outside stimuli now,” Brian said.

“Gross, you can stop talking now.” Gus walked out the back door with toast in  his hand.

“Don’t you think that was pushing it just a little?” Justin asked Brian.

“I was just yanking his chain to some extent but maybe, sometime, you can talk to him about experimenting.  It is obvious to me he isn’t gay.  That doesn’t mean he won’t play a bit just like I did with his mom but he will end up with a woman someday.  If his playing can give him some pleasure, let him play.”

“I am not going to track him down to see if he wants to borrow a dildo but if he asks or if something leads us that way, you know I will talk to him.”

“We could go practice what we think he should know,” Brian said as he bit Justin’s ear.

“So are you going to work tomorrow? It is the last day the boys are coming in and I know Ted still has a few days off.”  Justin stood and slipped between Brian’s knees sighing when Brian’s arms held him close.

“I have to go in but I hope to get there early and then come home at noon.  I am guessing Victor has to do a blood draw?”

“Ya, it has been a couple weeks and after the altitude change and him being tired because of all of that, he feels it would be stupid not to.”

“I just hate to watch him be so brave.” Brian looked outside where he saw Aiden playing fetch with GC. “You going in tomorrow?”

“I have to. I have some projects I need to sign off on and look at what the staff looked at while I was gone. I need to review everything that happened while we were at the Cabin.  I think Lindsay is doing a good job and I hate to question what she’s done while I was out but it is my business. And of course, Mitchell has kept an eye on things. I have to know what is going on. I will talk to Cass today and make sure she can come in early tomorrow.  Then hopefully we both can be back around noon and Ted and Victor are coming around 1:00.”

“Does Mitch still have a crush on you?”

“Mitchell does not have a crush on me and he hates Mitch.”  Justin thought about his assistant’s face last time someone called him Mitch.  “I mean he REALLY hates it.”

“I will try not to do that when I see him.”

Justin moved out of Brian’s arms.  “I need to sit.”

“How’s the foot?”

“By tomorrow I should be Ok if I wear these shoes. And I won’t wander around the office too much. I am thinking I will just have them come to my office.”

“I’m going to go through my emails in the home office.  That will save time tomorrow.  If you need me, text.”

“I think I will go sit out on the deck with Aiden and Gus. If you need us, that’s where we will be.” 

Brian walked down the hall and Justin grabbed a couple games and decks of cards and walked outside.

  

An hour later, Brian walked out and heard Gus say, “Go Fish,” and he stuck his tongue out at Cass who sat across from him,

Aiden giggled, “Hi Big Daddy, do you want to play Go Fish?”

“When you finish this game.  I’ll go grab you all some cold water.” Brian stepped back in the house, smiling to himself.  He loved his life. His 16 year old son was playing Go Fish when less than a year ago they were afraid they had lost him to drugs and alcohol.  He was so thankful.   He grabbed five waters and walked out to join the fun.


Both Brian and Justin’s alarms went off before 6:00 a.m. Over the years, Justin knew that talking to Brian too much before coffee was not wise. He rolled over and kissed him, “Join me in the shower?”

Brian grunted but got out of bed. Once he felt the hot water running over his body, Brian loosened up a little bit. They soaped each other down and then rinsed off, dried off and dressed.  They both grabbed a cup of coffee Cass had waiting for them and after they both kissed her cheek they walked out to the garage.  

“See you at noon?” Justin asked as he stepped into Brian’s offered embrace. 

Before responding Brian pulled him close with his free arm, careful not to spill coffee on either of them.  They kissed and then Brian responded,  “I will do my best.  I will let you know if I am tied up.”

“Ditto,” Justin responded. “Brian, love you.”

“Love you, too.” And with that they both got in their cars and left the property.


Justin had been right about his foot.  As he walked through the building to his office he felt he had covered the slight discomfort but as soon as he had sat down by his desk, Mitchell walked in. “So was your vacation fabulous?”

“It was great. We had a wonderful time.”

“And what did you do to your foot? Or is it your ankle?”

“After we got home I managed to break a vase and stepped on a piece of glass.”

“And you have had it looked at?”

“Yes, Mitchell.  It is much better today and I am guessing by tomorrow even you won’t be able to tell it happened.”

“Well, here is what we need to address.  I told Lindsay to be here in about an hour and I know you are leaving by noon so you can be home with your Aiden for his last day of summer.”

“Actually, I prefer to leave at 11:30. So is there anything we need to talk about before Lindsay somes in?”

“As far as I know her department is doing fine.  I did look at her records on Friday and they looked in order.  She has had her boyfriend in a couple of times.”

“And what was Nick doing here?”

“I really am not sure. I have a feeling he was just checking on her although one time I think he was looking at some of her records.”

“In other words he was looking at MY records,” Justin commented.  “Don’t mention it to her right now but let me know if it happens again.”

“Of course, Justin.”  Mitchell said and then gave him a couple contracts to review and sign.

Soon Lindsay came in and he reviewed her records for the art department.  He signed or initialled what he needed and by the time he was ready to go it was 11:40.  “Thanks, you two. I Have to get home.  Aiden has to have an exam today and blood draw and as brave as that kid is, it is almost getting harder as he gets older because he knows he is different.” As he left his office he realized Lindsay hadn’t even asked about Gus. As he got behind the wheel of his car he sighed.  At least Gus was now old enough to decide where he wanted to live and he didn’t see him going back to either of his mothers, not permanently.


As Brian and Justin went to bed that night, Justin was quiet.  Brian had noticed it since their guests had left. “What is it, Justin?” Brian nudged his head against Justin’s.

“I just feel so bad for Aiden.  He is realizing how different he is and he hates it.”

“It was really sweet of Ray, holding his hand when Victor had to take the blood draw.”

“I am glad they got the word they could keep him at least for the time being.  At school we both know they treat Aiden differently but of course they have to.  He just has such a fragility to him.”  Justin rested his head on Brian’s chest.  “I just hurt when he does.  And then, sometimes, my mind goes into place and he isn’t with us anymore and I don’t know if that is because of his illness or because of Dak but, I don’t know if I could live if anything happened to him.”

 

Brian couldn’t say anything that would make him feel better but he could hold him and he would do that as long as Justin let him.


Chapter 3 by Simply written

Chapter 3


Aiden entered his dads’ room before sunrise, “Dad, are we late? Should we be awake for school?”

Justin pulled the blankets back and patted the mattress cuing Aiden to get in next to him.  “You know how to tell time.  It is very early,” he whispered.  “Let’s sleep a little longer.  You don’t have to worry.  We’ll get you to school on time.”

“Daddy,” Aiden whispered, “What if the kids at school make fun of me? I know I know some of them but some kids but I am always smaller and the nurse always has to come check on me and…”

“Oh, Aiden, when they get to know you the kids love you.” Justin’s voice cracked, needing to get his emotions under control. “Last year you didn’t have much trouble did you?”

“No, but one of the kids that liked to make fun of me is in my class this year. He just likes to be mean.”

Justin felt Brian move behind him and then his long arm draped over Justin and Aiden. “If someone insists on making fun of you, talk to your teacher and if he doesn’t do anything about it, talk to me or Daddy but I know you are a smart boy and I think you will figure out a way to get him to stop.  Just remember to use your head.  You are so smart!”

Aiden half sat up and looked over Justin and saw Brian’s face. “I will, Big Daddy.”

“And now can we sleep for another couple hours.  It’s only 4:30.”   

Aiden crawled over Justin and snuggled in the valley between his daddies, his biggest protectors and soon he had settled down and was sound asleep again.  Brian was sure Justin was still awake. He reached over Aiden and squeezed Justin’s shoulder, “He will be fine,” he whispered softly.  He stroked Justin’s cheek.

Justin took his hand and kissed the palm, “I know.” Justin turned and softly said, “Good night.”


Everyone in the house was eating breakfast at the same time.  It was a nice surprise to find out Cass had gotten breakfast for them.  She had pastries, yogurt, and some fruit.  Gus hadn’t given himself much time and after eating a container of yogurt he grabbed a banana and a couple doughnuts kissed his dads and Aiden and rushed out the door and into the car with Ted and JR.  In the future, Raymond would get out here and Cass would take the younger two boys to school.  Today both Raymond and Aiden would be dropped off by one of their dads Cass would pick them both up when they got out.

 

And so the routine began.  One day in the second week, Aiden was all excited when they sat down for dinner. “Cass didn’t tell you, did she? She said you wouldn’t tell.”  Aiden looked from face to face as they sat around the table.

Gus laughed at his brother, “What has gotten you so wound up? Do you have a new boyfriend or girlfriend?”

“No, but a boy was there.”

“Good for you, son.” Brian smiled and laughed. He looked over at Gus, “Boys are where it’s at.” Justin kissed him on the cheek.

“Does anyone want to hear what happened?” Aiden said loudly.

“I know I do,” Justin said as he sat down next to him.

“You know that kid I said would probably pick on me?”

“What did he do?” Brian was now serious.

“Well, he came up to me and started calling me Baby Aiden and he asked when I was going to grow up and I was trying to ignore him and then he put his hand on my shoulder.”

“He WHAT!” Brian started to get up.

Justin put his hand up, “Brian, calm down.  I have a feeling there is a great ending to this story. Go on, Aiden.”

“Well, before I could say anything to him, he dropped his hand and I felt an arm go around me. It was Raymond. And he told my classmate that he was my friend and that I couldn’t help my size but he could stop being a shithead.” Gus choked on the food he had in his mouth hearing his brother say that.  Aiden continued.  “I know the recess monitor heard Ray say it but she ignored it because he didn’t hit him and it was the first time someone got something over on the shithead. I don’t think he is going to bother me again.”

“That is great!” Justin said, hugging Aiden.  “It sounds like Raymond is a great friend.”

“I’m glad he is living with Uncle Ted and Victor.  I don’t think his dad was very nice.”

“Did Ray say something?”

“Not really.  He just said he likes living there and would never want to live anywhere but with you so I just thought…”

“You are very smart, Aiden, and we never want you to live anywhere but with us.” Brian smiled at his youngest son across the table but then his eyes moved to Justin’s. They had been waiting to hear from Mel for two weeks.  She had been corresponding almost daily with Daklin’s attorney but they weren’t getting anywhere.  She said this would be the last attempt.  If they rejected this offer, they would be meeting in court and Justin was tied up in knots. He was trying to hide the stress from the boys but Brian could see he was nearing the cracking point.

Justin took Aiden upstairs to put him in the tub. Brian watched them go. “Gus, do you have a lot of homework tonight.”

“No, I had a study hall last hour and got it finished.”

 

“Would you mind cleaning up the dinner mess?” Brian looked around, “It doesn’t look like it will take too long.”

Gus laughed at his brother, “What has gotten you so wound up? Do you have a new boyfriend or girlfriend?”

“No, but a boy was there.”

“Good for you, son.” Brian smiled and laughed. He looked over at Gus, “Boys are where it’s at.” Justin kissed him on the cheek.

“Does anyone want to hear what happened?” Aiden said loudly.

“I know I do,” Justin said as he sat down next to him.

“You know that kid I said would probably pick on me?”

“What did he do?” Brian was now serious.

“Well, he came up to me and started calling me Baby Aiden and he asked when I was going to grow up and I was trying to ignore him and then he put his hand on my shoulder.”

“He WHAT!” Brian started to get up.

Justin put his hand up, “Brian, calm down.  I have a feeling there is a great ending to this story. Go on, Aiden.”

“Well, before I could say anything to him, he dropped his hand and I felt an arm go around me. It was Raymond. And he told my classmate that he was my friend and that I couldn’t help my size but he could stop being a shithead.” Gus choked on the food he had in his mouth hearing his brother say that.  Aiden continued.  “I know the recess monitor heard Ray say it but she ignored it because he didn’t hit him and it was the first time someone got something over on the shithead. I don’t think he is going to bother me again.”

“That is great!” Justin said, hugging Aiden.  “It sounds like Raymond is a great friend.”

“I’m glad he is living with Uncle Ted and Victor.  I don’t think his dad was very nice.”

“Did Ray say something?”

“Not really.  He just said he likes living there and would never want to live anywhere but with you so I just thought…”

“You are very smart, Aiden, and we never want you to live anywhere but with us.” Brian smiled at his youngest son across the table but then his eyes moved to Justin’s. They had been waiting to hear from Mel for two weeks.  She had been corresponding almost daily with Daklin’s attorney but they weren’t getting anywhere.  She said this would be the last attempt.  If they rejected this offer, they would be meeting in court and Justin was tied up in knots. He was trying to hide the stress from the boys but Brian could see he was nearing the cracking point.

Justin took Aiden upstairs to put him in the tub. Brian watched them go. “Gus, do you have a lot of homework tonight.”

“No, I had a study hall last hour and got it finished.”

“Would you mind cleaning up the dinner mess?” Brian looked around, “It doesn’t look like it will take too long.”

“Sure, what’s up?”

Brian thought for a moment and then dropped onto a stool. “Gus, I think you are old enough to keep this to yourself and you deserve to know.  It doesn’t look like the ex is going to give up on this.  We may end up in court and it is working on Justin’s nerves.  Of course I’m nuts, too, but he feels he is responsible for all of this.”

Gus stood up straight, “He is not to blame for that asshole. What can I do to help?”

“You are helping.  Do you mind keeping an ear out for Aiden after he is asleep so I can just take him for a ride or something.”

“Sure, Dad.  Maybe you and Dad need to take a night away or a night alone.  You and dad go and I  will hang in your room so I am right next door to little bro.” 

Brian hugged Gus. “You are the best big brother Aiden could have.”

"Dad, if it wasn't for you and Dad...I love the moms but they screwed with my head. I....I love you both so much." Gus hugged his dad once more and then turned away from him so he wouldn't see the tears in his eyes. "Jus go. I will call if anything comes up."

"We won't be far," Brian left Gus to finish the last courple things. When Brian got upstairs he met Justin coming out of Aiden's room.  "Is he still awake? Sorry it took me so long to get up here."

“He is almost asleep but I am sure he is awake enough for a hug and kiss.”

“Great, put on some shoes.”

“What?” Justin was confused.

“Just do it,” Brian kissed him.

Moments later Brian was out of Aiden’s room and Justin stood there with a confused look on his face. “What is up?”

“You trust me, right?” Brian asked.

“Of course I do.”

“Then come with me.” Brian led him to the garage.

“Brian, we can’t leave.  The kids…”

“Aiden is asleep and Gus is going to hang out in our room until we get home.  We are only going a few minutes away if they need us.” Brian opened the door to the car and when Justin opened his mouth, Brian’s mouth covered his.  “Get in.”  A moment later they were on the road. 

“So will you tell me now, where we are going? I hate leaving Aiden there.”

“Justin, give me half an hour.” Brian turned off the road and drove into a small park they sometimes took Aiden to play.

“You want to swing?” Justin asked as Brian offered his hand to help him out.  “I don’t know what we’re doing here.

Brian didn’t respond but slipped his arm around Justin’s waist and guided him down a path.  “Last time I took Aiden here without you we found this place and I wanted to show it to you.” They walked a short distance further and they walked into a clearing and there was a bench.  The bench looked into the valley and the river. 

Justin dropped onto the bench and Brian sat next to him and immediately put his arm around him, pulling him close.  “Why are we here, Brian? I mean it is beautiful but…”

“I totally understand how you are feeling but I am worried about you, love.” Brian kissed Justin.  “I’m starting to see the cracks and I should notice them first but it isn’t healthy.”

“So I’m not being tough enough?” Justin’s back went straight.

“No, baby. You know that is not what I meant.”

“How dare you…” and when he looked at Brian and saw his pain, too he turned into him.  “Kiss me.  Just kiss me.” Brian pulled him on his lap and for the next ten minutes they kissed and then they talked. By the time they walked back to their car, they had talked things through and Brian could tell Justin was feeling calmer.

They drove back home but before they walked into the house Justin stopped Brian.  “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For seeing what I need when I can’t see it myself.”

“Let’s get inside.  Gus is probably ready to get to his own room.”

While Brian and Justin were gone, Gus was busy.  He called Ted.

“Hey, Gus.  Is everything alright?”

“Hey, Uncle Ted, I have a question for you.  Are you and Uncle Vic going to be around this weekend?”

“Ya, Victor is on call at the hospital so we can’t leave the city.  What’s up?”

“My dads need a break.  That fuckin’...sorry….Daklin is driving Dad crazy.  They need a weekend to themselves and rather than sending them somewhere, I thought we could get out of their way.”

“That sounds like a great idea.  It will be fun to have four boys in the house.” 

“Well, Uncle Ted, I better check with my moms.  If one of them is free I better stay with them but if they are busy, I will definitely bunk with JR. Thanks, Uncle Ted.  I’ll figure out the details and let you know what is up. Don’t tell him, Ok?”

“I won’t say anything.  This is really nice, Gus.”

Justin and Brian walked into their bedroom and Gus was watching something on his computer.  He shut it and stood up.  He hugged Justin and said, “Love you, Dad.”

“Oh, Gus, I love you, too. Thanks for giving us a little break.”

“No problem.  Good night,” Gus said as Brian gave him a quick hug on his way out.

“Damn, that kid is amazing.” Justin said as he and Brian met in the middle of the room, “and you are amazing. You know me better than I know myself.”  He put his arms around Brian’s neck and pulled him close.  When their lips met, they both felt a jolt.  They both needed more.  They needed to feel more. Then one piece of clothes at a time they worked their way to the goal of feeling skin on skin.  In between each piece of clothes they took time to explore with their lips, their hands, their tongues. By the time they dropped their briefs, they both showed their need but tonight was not for rushing.

As they lay facing each other they continued to touch and stroke until neither of them could handle one more point of contact without exploding. Justin turned onto his chest and, getting  his knees under him, lifted his hips slightly in the air. Brian had barely began entering Justin when Justin cried out as he found release and Brian barely completed the first stroke before he grabbed Justin around the waist and pulled him up as he emptied himself with Justin’s back crushed against his chest. Justin reached back with one arm and looped it around Brian’s neck and they absorbed each other for several moments.

“God, was that as good as I thought it was?” Brian whispered in his ear.”

“Oh, ya,” was all Justin could manage to say. Another moment later he said, “Shower.  I think we need to shower.” He said it but didn’t move until Brian pulled out of him and they got off the bed and, hand in hand, walked to the shower.

Twenty minutes later they spooned in bed. “It’s going to be Ok, Justin. Aiden is ours and no one will ever tell us different and the boy knows it, too.”

“I know you’re right. Tonight was just what I needed.” Justin scooted back so he felt every inch of his body against Brian. “Good night. I love you.”

“I love you, too.” Brian said softly as they both closed their eyes.


Friday morning, Gus was up early.  Over the last couple days he managed to pack a bag of clothes for Aiden and himself, and along with Aiden’s meds, Gus was sure he had it all.  And knowing he was with his doctor, he was sure Uncle Ted and Uncle Victor could handle anything.

He was going to his old house tonight but he decided one night was all he could handle with his mom, Lindsay, and her boyfriend making out. He just wasn’t used to his mom with a guy.  One night would be enough and Saturday he would go to JR’s.

Justin walked into the kitchen to the smell of bacon frying and Gus pulling out a pan of oven baked French toast.  “Wow, Gus, this looks and smells amazing.  You do know it is Friday, right?”

“Ya, I just got up early.”

“Big Daddy, what smells so good?”

“Well, Aid, I would guess your brother was up early.” Brian said and then winking at Aiden he said to Gus, “What do you want or what did you do?”

“Funny you should say that. Sit down. I just poured your coffees and your orange juice,” he said to Aiden. Gus served up the plates of food and then sat down with everyone looking at him.  “So, Dads, first of all eat while I talk or it will get cold. Second, I did do something without your permission.  I have a bag packed for Aiden and for myself.  I have Aiden’s meds in there, and when Uncle Ted picks me up, he is taking Aiden’s bag.  They are going to bring Aiden back on Sunday.  I’m going to my old house for the night and tomorrow night I will be at JR’s too.  You two are going to work but I talked to Mitchell and Cynthia and they cleared your schedule for the afternoon.  You two will have the house to yourselves from noon today until noon on Sunday when we will bring lunch.”

Brian and Justin sat with their mouths hanging open.  “You did all of this?” Justin said.

“Oh, and Uncle Victor is picking up Aiden and Raymond so since Cass doesn’t have to watch them she is going to clean up the kitchen this morning and have something ready for your dinner but she will be out of the house before you get home and she will leave directions if you need them for the food.”

Brian smiled over at both of his sons, “I don’t even know what to say.”

“I know what to say,” Justin said.  “I will miss you both but I love you both so much. Aiden, did you know about this?”

Aiden smiled, “He told me last night. I will miss you, too, but I am excited to sleep over at Ray’s.”

They ate and chatted until Ted arrived and Gus left with both of their bags.  Raymond and  Aiden planned all the stuff they were going to do this weekend and by the time they were dropped off at school they had every minute of the next two days planned. Justin gave Aiden a big hug before both boys ran into the building.  As Justin drove away, he had butterflies in his stomach.  He wasn’t sure why but he felt almost nervous.  He couldn’t believe Gus had done all of this.  

“You didn’t tell me our son was sneaking behind our backs.” Justin said when he saw Lindsay at the office.

“He really is a good kid and now I get him for the night. He said he was making us dinner.”

“That’s great. Enjoy.” Justin started walking to his office when Mitchell stopped him.

“Justin….”

“You lied to me.”

“I didn’t lie, I withheld and I withheld something else.”

“Oh?” Justin looked at Mitchell.

“We actually had a cancelation this morning so I moved the only other appointment on the calendar and I made an appointment for you at the spa you like.  You are to be there at 8:30 and you are scheduled for the works so you shall be done around 11:30.”

“That sounds so amazing.”

“You will have a facial, massage, and then a pedicure and manicure.”

“Mitchell, what would I do without you.”

“So, turn around and get out of here.”

Justin hugged him and walked back out of the door.  Mitchell smiled as he watched him.  He picked up the phone and called Cynthia, “Did he go for it?”

“He did.  He just left.  He will have his facial first so make sure Brian makes it to the spa by 9:30.  They will meet at the couple’s massage.”

“I will have him there. I have a feeling we are both up for a bonus,” Cynthia said and laughed as she hung up.  Having worked for Brian as long as she had, she knew she would have to tell him.  He would not just leave work if she didn’t.

Cynthia walked into his office just before his conference call. "Here's the documents they sent with the final changes for your call"

Brian glanced up and took it from her. "Thanks." When Cynthia didn't leave he looked up at her.  "Is there something else?" he asked.

"Listen to all of this and then just say Ok." Brian  kept her gaze and tilted his head waiting to tell her 'no'. He nodded and she went on.  I have cleared the rest of your morning."

"What? We need to get that campaign wrapped up!"

"Brian, I will wrap it up. You have a 10:30 appointment at the spa."

"Have you lost your mind? I am not missing my appointment for a..."

"It is a couple's massage.  Justin is already there getting a facial. Mitchell set this all up and you are going to start the weekend together."

Brian opened his mouth and shut it again.  His mind could already feel someone working on his tight muscles and then thought about Justin's lossened muscles.  Cynthia could almost read his mind. "Thanks," he said as his phone rang. She smiled and left the office.

 

Justin couldn’t remember the last time he had been to the spa.  Wait!  He could.  For Christmas the office staff gave him a gift certificate so it had been over six months since he cashed it in. The first stop was for a facial.  He always loved the way his skin felt after they finished. After that he would have an hour massage. But the best was that then he was done, he had Brian to himself for 48 hours. His cock twitched at the thought.

“Mr. Taylor, I’ll take you back now.”  Justin sighed as he sat in the chair. He knew Aiden would be in good hands this weekend. Ted and Victor were family.  Gus. What an amazing kid! And he was going to spend 48 hours with Brian.  He didn’t have to share his time with anyone else. Justin was planning what he would pick up for dinner tomorrow night when the esthetician said, “Mr. Taylor, I am going to let you sit here while I check on the massage room.  Just relax and I will be right back.

The young man who had given him the facial walked out and ran to one of the other employees at this all male spa.  “I have just worked on the most beautiful man in the world.”  

“Oh, no you didn’t!” Another worker said, “because I just escorted him back to the couple’s massage room. That long, lean hunk of…”

“Gentlemen,” the spa owner walked up, “I saw Mr. Kinney being escorted to the couple’s room.  Have you brought his husband back to him, yet?”

“Mr. Taylor and Mr. Kinney are married?” both of the employees asked.

“You were all told about this special day for these two,” the owner said.

“You didn’t tell us they were gods from another universe.”

The owner had to smile, “Back in the day, Brian Kinney was known as a god and he hasn’t lost a thing in 20 years.  He was the most amazing….”  the owner stopped talking before revealing his Babylon days with Kinney. “I expect you two to be on your best behavior,” the owner said to the two massage therapists.  I will walk Justin over and have him put on his robe before entering the room and make sure the lighting is as low as possible. Have the curtain separating the room so it will be a complete surprise for Mr. Taylor.”

The owner entered the room Justin was in and guided him through the spa.  “Justin, due to a mishap in our scheduling, someone over booked so I hope you don’t mind that we have split the couple room into two.  I promise, you will still have your own area.”

“That’s fine.  I will probably just fall asleep anyway. If all you had was the lobby, I’d take it.” Justin’s smile but tired eyes said it all. 

“When you are ready, just knock on that door and you will be led in.  We have been trying very dim lighting so they will lead you in.” The owner stepped out while Justin undressed and slipped into the plush robe. He then tapped on the door.

Brian was already laying on the massage table on one side of the curtain when Justin was led to the table.  Justin slipped out of the robe and laid on his stomach.  The therapist put some oil on his hands and started at Justin’s shoulders. From Brian’s side of the curtain it was pulled to the side.

“Oh, shoot, I didn’t mean to do that,” Brian’s therapist said.  “You two don’t know each other, do you?”

As Justin turned to look at whoever was next to him, Brian said, “Hey, gorgeous, come here often?”

Justin’s sleepy eyes snapped open, “Brian!” 

“We owe Mitchell and Cynthia a bonus.”

“Or a day at the spa!” Justin smiled at Brian and as he did, they pushed the tables against each other and Brian took Justin’s hand and kissed it. They held hands as much as they could.  Their muscles began to feel fluid and when they both turned over with a sheet across both their midsections it was obvious the need they felt for each other.  As the therapists both focussed on Brian and Justin’s feet, hands slid under the sheet. Their hands slid up and down on the other’s member.  They both felt the first drops of precum seeping out.

The therapists looked at each other and both of them targeted the heel of their feet. It was as if an electrical shock ran through both of them and they both came with a shout. One of the therapists said, “Well since it looks like you both are done, for your convenience, we have a shower right through that door if you would like to clean up before going home.  We will leave some iced water for you and come out wherever you are ready to go.”

“Thank you, both.  That was amazing.”

“Gentlemen, I think I can speak for both of us,” said the young man that had worked on Brian,  “It was truly our pleasure. It isn’t every day we get to work on a god.”  And with that the two left the room but before they could get the door shut in the changing room they were already undoing their flys.

“Every inch of me feels like I’m liquid,” Justin said as he slid his oily body against Brian.

“Oh, I am feeling something that might be wet but it definitely is moving.” Brian guided Justin in the small shower stall and squirted some provided shower gel into his hand. He then began to slide it over his own body.  “If I touch you…..this stall is not big enough…” Brian kissed him quickly.

Justin followed suit but they both realized they couldn’t get their own backs so as clinically as he could he ran his sudsy hands down Brian’s back but stopped there knowing Brian could get his own legs.  When Justin turned around, Brian soaped up his hands and moved down Justin’s back but he didn’t stop at his waist.  He pushed Justin against the wall of the shower, “I think I found something that still needs to be loosened up.” Justin yipped at the quick entrance of what he first thought was Brian’s finger but then he felt it start to shiver deep inside him and he took a deep breath.  

“How the hell did you get a vibrator?”  He took another deep breath trying to get under control.

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin. “I had a little head’s up and I had forgotten this in the car when I bought it the other day. Can you deal with it all the way home?”

“Damn, I…… Yes, but stop touching me.  Your hands and body and….let’s get out of here.” 

Both men dressed as quickly as they could and, grabbing bottled water at the front desk as they walked out about five feet apart.  “Did something happen between them?” the owner asked the two massage therapists.

“No, trust us, they both had every muscle relaxed. They both had a happy ending.”

As Brian got in the car he used his cellphone to change the rhythm of the vibrator and he heard Justin swear as he got into his car.  Brian wouldn’t mess with it as they drove home.  That would be dangerous for both of them. As Brian drove he saw a bakery and pulled over.  Justin was having such a hard time focusing, he didn’t even notice Brian wasn’t following anymore. When Brian didn’t follow him into the garage he stood watching for him. He was just about to call him when Brian drove into the circular drive and into the garage.

“Where were you!  I,” Justin shivered, “I thought you were right behind me.”

Brian opened the back door of his SUV and took out a large bag. “I thought we could use something sweet for the weekend.”

Justin closed the garage door and walked over to Brian.  “That sounds great but you need to fuck me now!” Justin dropped his pants right there and leaned over the hood of the vehicle.

Brian smiled, “I do believe you are sweating a bit.”

“Brian!”

Brian slowly pulled out the vibrator and just seeing Justin begging him, he entered him in one smooth stroke. Justin shouted at the top of his lungs as he shot cum all over the grill of Brian’s SUV. Brian continued slow, strong strokes until he could hold on no longer. He shouted as he pulled Justin tightly against him and he emptied himself deep inside of him.

Together they walked into the house. “I think clothes are outlawed until Sunday morning.” Justin said as he stripped off his clothes and over to the counter where Brian was emptying his bakery bag.

“How much did you buy? If I eat all of this….”

“We will just have to work it off.” Brian said as he pulled his shirt off and then dropped his pants.  He threw them on top of Justin’s and as he took Justin in his arms they heard a noise.

“Oh shit,” It was Cass’ voice. “I am so sorry.  I realized I forgot something in the laundry and…” 

Brian and Justin  stood pressed against the counter, leaving their backsides exposed but trying to keep their dicks out of sight. “You’re fine, Cass.” Justin said as he felt cum seeping down the crack of his ass.  He hoped she didn’t notice that. Brian stepped behind him and wrapped his arms around him.

“Cass, you are welcome to join us for Sunday lunch.  Until then you are off the clock with pay.  Anything we need to know about dinner?” Brian asked as his cock started pressing against Justin’s ass.

“Just bake it at 350º for 45 minutes. Have a nice weekend.” Cass moved toward the door.

“You are welcome to stay at your place, obviously, but we will be naked most of the weekend but…”  Cass closed the door behind her as Brian finished the sentence, “we don’t mind if you see us.  I guess she didn’t want to hear anymore. What do you say, you make sandwiches and I start the hot tub and then I’ll grab some beers.”

Justin responded by pulling out the bread and walking to the fridge. Ten minutes later he walked out the door with a tray that had the sandwiches along with some carrot sticks, a couple pastries, and a couple bottles of water.  “I just couldn’t see beer and doughnuts although I am sure it is done in fraternities on a daily basis.” Justin moved close to Brian so the tray would be close for both of them.  After eating the sandwiches, Brian put his arm around Justin and Justin rested his head against his shoulder. “So, have I been that unbearable the last month?”

“Not unbearable at all,” Brian kissed his head.  “I need to tell you something.  I heard from Mel this morning.”

“And?” Justin looked at him.  “Why did she call you? I’m the one named in the case.”

“I asked her to call me.”

 Justin slid away so he could look directly in his eyes. “Am I too feeble to deal with my own mistakes?”

“Oh, love, you know that’s not true. I just didn’t want you to hear this at the office.  Mel worked it so he has to file here, in Pittsburgh.  Everything will be done right here. And just for a little extra help, I tracked down Cal, that guy I met.  He is going to call in a few favors and find out anything he can about Daklin.  He will get back to me if he finds anything.”

“I can deal with this, Brian.  I’m the one who married him.  I’m the one that had a baby with him.  I’m the one who divorced him.  I am a capable…”

Brian tilted Justin’s head, “I know how strong you are but I love you. I am his father, too.  I want to protect you from any pain or aggravation I can.” He lowered his mouth to Justin’s. “I love you with all my heart.” 

Justin relaxed in Brian’s arms.  “I just want this to be done.  If Dak ends up with partial custody, I am going to have to go with him.  I can’t let him take our boy across the country.”

“If that happens I understand.  We will do whatever we have to do for Aiden.” Brian gently pulled Justin against him. Then he handed him the beer.  “Drink. If I get you drunk, I can have my way with you.”

“And if we both get drunk, we might even try something new!” 

Justin sat next to Brian and together they laid down on the hot tub recliner. Brian brought his mouth to Justin’s ear, “Are you getting bored, Justin? Please don’t tell me you’re bored right after telling me you are going to go to your ex’s if he gets some visitation.”

“You idiot,” Justin said laughing.  “We just screwed in the garage and got caught naked in the kitchen. How could I be bored?”

With little warning, Brian moved and put Justin’s legs on his shoulders.  With a little repositioning, this curved bench made the perfect angle for them to make love. Brian could support himself on the edge of the tub near Justin’s head and enter him easily. They both moved slowly. Letting their bodies slide over each other and as they came to the edge, Brian lowered his lips on Justin’s and softly said, “You can never leave me.  I couldn’t live without you. I love you, Justin Taylor!” With that Brian drove into him  and they both erupted and then slowly drifted down together.

After they laid there just above the water, they let the moving water wash over them.  “Bri, I think we need to go in.  I do want to talk to Aid after he gets out of school. I want to see how his day went and make sure he is feeling…”

“Justin, who are the only people you trust our son with, other than your mother and sister?”

“Victor, of course.  But….”

“They will know they can call us if Aiden wants to talk.  It is just us this weekend. Unless there is an emergency, it is only you and me in this world.”

After they dried off they sat on the sofa and talked about what was going on at their businesses and what they see coming up this winter.  “Did Mel give you an idea when we will have to go to court?”

“She can’t be sure but we are into September and to get on the docket for something like this, if we are lucky, it will be the end of October.  If his lawyer wants to draw it out he may ask for it to wait until after the first of the year but ask for visitation right now.”

“He is not…”

“Relax.  It would take place with a court appointed caseworker in a neutral place. He couldn’t take him anywhere without an escort and it would be local only until it goes before the judge. And the way I see it, would he really be able to hang out here without having to spend time at his place.  He must have a business or work of some kind.”

“I have been trying to figure out what he has been doing. I looked him up and all it says is he is an entrepreneur. When I tried to figure out how he actually made his money I kept running into more questions than answers.”

“Maybe Cal can find that out for us, too.  I have a feeling he has plenty of connections.”

“I hope so.” Justin tucked his legs to his side and rested his head on Brian’s lap. They were quiet for a bit and then talked  about anything that came to mind.  They talked about the boys and their hopes for them. And they talked about growing old together. When their boys had their own families and how they would travel and see the world. And then they dozed.

Justin woke to rumbling and realized it was starting to rain. He got up and turned on the oven while Brian continued to snore softly. He put the pan in. He then walked over and opened the French doors to the backyard and felt the temperature had dropped.  He wondered what Gus had packed for Aiden.  Did he have a jacket? He pulled out his phone and started to text when Brian’s long arms came around him. “He will be fine.” Brian nuzzled his neck and kissed it.

“But it is getting so cold.”

“And it's raining so they aren’t going outside.”

Justin put his phone back in his pocket.  “It looks like this might be a wild night,” Justin said as the sky was streaked by lightning.

“Hopefully in more ways than one.” Brian laughed.  As the thunder shook the windows, Brian moved both of them back into the house and shut the doors. They both were covered with goosebumps. “I think I will start the fireplace.”

“First,” Justin said, running a hand down Brian’s body. I think there is another fire that is already starting.”  And afternoon turned into evening.


Aiden and Raymond had gone straight to his room after school.  Victor and Ted had reminded Ray that Aiden would need to relax after school.  “I know, guys.  He’s a cool kid but he was born with something that makes him small and he gets tired.  I have lots of sitting stuff planned.”

“You are a great kid, Raymond.” Ted said as he hugged him but Victor a step further away saw the shadow that moved across Raymond’s face.

“Raymond, are you still happy living with us? Do you miss seeing your dad?”

 

“I ….. I don’t have to go back, do I? I love him but….”


Chapter 4 by Simply written

Chapter 4


The storm passed but the rain continued. By Saturday morning, Gus was ready to go to Ted and Victor’s.  He was glad his mom had found someone to love and he didn’t dislike Nick but he didn’t know the guy and to see his mom all over him just made him cringe a bit.  It would be the same if he was with his other mom and she was with her new girlfriend.  Divorce was never easy for anyone.  He wished them well, but he knew his dads would never separate so he was just going to stay with them. 

“Mom, can you bring me over to Uncle Ted’s,” Gus said as he walked into the kitchen.  

Lindsay walked over and kissed his cheek.  “Already? I thought you would stay until after lunch.  I thought we could do something.  I hardly ever see you, Gus.”

“Mom, we’ve all been busy and JR and I have plans.  We are going to work on a project for school.” 

“Are you sure it can’t wait until tomorrow?” Lindsay said disappointedly.

“No, Mom.  If you can’t drive me over I can call Uncle Ted or Vic.”

“I was going to make a nice brunch for us.”

“Lin,” Nick said, “If Gus wants to go, I can drive him while you make our brunch.” He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms tightly around her.  Gus was fairly sure he was squeezing her tits but he couldn’t see from this angle, thank god.

“Well, I guess if you have school work, I can’t say no.” She walked over and hugged him. “I love you, Gus.  Come back soon!”

“Love you, too, Mom.”

“Ready to go?” Nick asked Gus.

“Ya,” Gus said as he picked up his duffle bag. As they walked out, Gus looked at Nick.  “Thanks for driving me over.” They got in his car and Gus gave him directions.

“No problem. Gus, I am sure this is weird for you but I want you to know, I really love your mom and you are welcome at your house anytime but I’ll make sure she’s cool with it.”

“Thanks, Nick. I will try to come by more often.”

“Gus, do you want to spend more time with us or are you happy with the way things are? I am not trying to guilt you into anything.  I was 16 a few years back.”

“Thanks, Nick.  I feel like I just got my life back together after all their shit and I haven’t quite gotten over that.  I love them both and I am glad they finally are happy.”

“I will do my best to keep her that way.”

Gus looked over at him, “Good and just let her know how happy I am with my dads.  They really are what I need right now.”  Nick turned into the drive.

“Nice place.  One’s a doctor, right?”

“Ya, he has been taking care of my brother since he was really young.” Gus said as he got out of the car. “Thanks, again.”  Nick waved and drove away while Gus ran to the door in the rain. Gus was glad they had a roof over their front door as he waited for it to open.

“Hey, bro,” JR and Gus bumped chests as Gus moved inside. “Damn but it got cold over night, not to mention the rain.”

“Guuuuusssssss!” Aiden came running down the hall and into Gus’ arms. 

“Hey, little bro, how are you?”

“I’m better now that you are here.  I know everyone here loves me but you’re my brother.”

“Well, now we will be in the same house the rest of the weekend.”

“Aiden, I got the game ready.” Raymond said from down the hall.

“I’m coming.” Aiden kissed Gus’ cheek and ran to his friend.

JR and Gus brought Gus’ bag to his room.  Gus pulled out his computer and set it down by the bed and then he realized JR hadn’t really said anything since he got there. “Hey, is everything Ok with you?”

“Sure,” he replied with no enthusiasm.

“Come on, JR, what is it?”

“I think it is just the weather.  I don’t like cloudy weather like this.” 

Gus looked at JR and saw a real fear in his eyes. He walked over and had JR sit on his bed and he sat next to him.  “What is it, JR? Is there a reason you don’t like the rain?”

JR stood and walked to the window, staring outside so he didn’t have to face Gus. “I used to love to play in the rain.  But then Mom got pregnant with Ray and he moved in.  Mom started working doubles all the time because he wouldn’t find a job for his lazy ass. He came to my room for the first time in a storm and every storm after that if my mom was gone.”

“JR, you don’t have to tell me this if you don’t want to.  It is none of my business.” Gus was really not sure he could handle whatever he was going to say.

“Gus, he went into RayMan’s room.  That’s when I knew he couldn’t live there anymore.”

“Fuck, JR.  Did he hurt you? Did he…”

“No, he never screwed me although he often said he was sure I would like it. He would just lay really close and he would want me to touch him and he would touch me.  Shit, Gus, I know I’m gay but that doesn’t mean I would want to be with any guy. He was supposed to be my father, at least my father figure and all he could think about was the next time he could squeeze my dick.”

Gus stood and walked up to him. He put a hand on his shoulder, not knowing what to say. JR turned into Gus’ arms and Gus held him.  “I wouldn’t let him do that to Ray.  I’m his big brother.”

“And you are a great big brother. JR, you need to tell Ted and Victor.  That is the only way we can be sure he doesn’t get Raymond back.  This is only temporary right now but I know they will keep you two together. You know they love you both.”

“Ray deserves to be raised like this.  He deserves to not be scared every time it rains.” 

Gus wiped the tears off of his friend’s face. “I can tell them for you or I can go with you and you can tell them.  They need to know those details so they will never take Ray.” 

“Gus, not now.  Tonight when the kids are sleeping.  I promise.  I will tell them then.” JR looked in Gus’ eyes and said, “Gus, can we kiss again? Last time we did it helped me forget.  I don’t want to remember it.” JR reached out and touched Gus’ cheek and then his hand slid to the back of his neck and pulled him closer.  Gus leaned in and they kissed softly but slowly it got more intense. Soon, together they moved across the room and stretched out on the bed together.  “Gus, I just need to feel someone against me.  I’m not expecting more.”

Gus took his hand and kissed him again.


By the time Brian and Justin made it downstairs they were starving.  Brian made them each a double espresso while Justin took yogurt and jam out of the refrigerator.  He then warmed up some of the rolls Brian had bought yesterday to go with  them. They had put their robes on, knowing it would be chilly down there.  Brian carried the coffee to the fireplace and started it while Justin brought the tray and they sat on the rug together.  They ate buttery croissants with sweet peach preserves. Along with the bitter coffee and cool yogurt they shared bites of this and that and when they had finished it was after noon. They went out to the hot tub and with the brisk air and soft rain it felt amazing.  

“Justin, if there was one place you could be right now, where would it be?”

“I would be right here in your arms. The only thing I wish is that I could talk to the boys.  I know Gus can deal with anything but Aid…” Justin laid his head on Brian’s shoulder. “I know he is in the best of hands but I don’t know if I have ever gone this long without talking to him.”

“Well then, I guess it is a good thing I have my phone close.” He reached out of the tub and into his robe pocket which was lying about a foot from the tub and pulled his phone out.  “Call Ted,” Brian said and his phone said, “Calling Ted.” It rang and then a familiar voice came on.

“Hey, Bri, I am almost surprised you didn’t call last night.”

“Is Aiden nearby?”

“Last I saw him and Raymond, they were in a blanket tent watching a movie in the family room.  I am sure he will be glad to talk to you.” Ted walked to the boy’s hideaway. “Aiden there are a couple guys that want to talk to you.”

Aiden’s little blond head popped out, “Who are they, Uncle Ted? Is it my daddies? Let me talk to them! Let me talk to them!  He squirmed out and reached for Ted’s phone. “Daddies!” Aiden called out.

“Hey, Aiden.” Justin called out.  “How are you, son? I miss you so much.”

“I miss you, too, Daddy.”

“Are you having fun with Raymond?”

“I am.  We built a fort and we are watching a bunch of movies.  We were going to go to the park but it is raining too much. And Raymond doesn’t like the rain. Oops, I wasn’t supposed to say that.  Don’t tell him I said that, Ok?”

“It is our secret,” Brian said.  

“Oh, Big Daddy, I miss you, too.  Does GC miss me?”

“He does,” Justin said.  He is just sulking in front of the fireplace.

“Give him a hug and kiss from me.”

“We will. Give your brother a kiss for us.  Gus did get there, didn’t he?”

“Ya, he was here right after breakfast. I’m glad my brother is here but you two are supposed to be having alone time.”

“Yes, we are and we are having lots of fun but we miss you so much.” Justin leaned against Brian.

“Love you, too, Daddies, and I will see you tomorrow.”

They said their goodbyes and hung up. Justin’s hand slid between Brian’s thighs and he took possession of his cock, “Thank you for understanding.”

“I understand you have more love than any man I know and our boys are so lucky to have you for a father and there is no one, and I mean NO ONE I would rather be with now or any time.” Brian’s head lulled back.  “And, good lord, that feels so good.”

“It’s going to feel even better when you drive that inside of me.” Brian groaned as Justin gently squeezed his balls. 


Brian and Justin showered and pulled on sweats.  They loved being naked together but they didn’t feel like turning on the furnace yet so clothes were required to be comfortable, at least for now.

“I was thinking,” Justin said as he started putting something together for dinner, “maybe we could all go to the cabin for Christmas.  Ted and Victor have put a rush on their place and it should be done by then.  And there should be enough room for Mom in the cabin and Molly and Spenc and Tash could stay in the bunkhouse.  We have never been there for Christmas with the kids.”

“I love that idea. You do know that high up we could get stuck for a while.” Brian said as he peeled potatoes. 

“Well, we will have our doctor with us and he could bring along plenty of Aiden’s meds. I can just imagine how beautiful it will be.” Justin was excited now. “Do you think the caretaker will get it ready for us in the middle of the winter?”

“I am sure we can make that happen. And if Cass is around she can watch GC.  He loves her and could stay at the house then.”

“We can talk to Victor and Ted about it tomorrow.” Brian turned on the indoor grill and oiled, salted, and peppered the swordfish steaks. “Can you think of anything you’d like to do for the few minutes the grill is heating up?” his arm snaked around Justin’s waist and kissed him lightly. “We owe Gus bigtime for planning this weekend.”

“How about a car for his birthday? It is about a month away and I think he has earned our trust enough to get him one.  Plus it will be easier for him to stop by his moms and not have to stay when he is ready to leave.”

“That is perfect.  We will cover the insurance but he will need to start volunteering someplace. His allowance will cover the gas.”

“I bet Victor and Ted have a list of good places to volunteer.  Before they got the kids they did a lot of that.” Justin was already thinking about places he knew and what he thought would interest Gus. He kissed Brian and wiggled out of his arms. “You drop the fish on and I will get the rest of the food out.”

Brian swatted Justin’s ass and smiled. “I’m on it.”


Gus and JR had spent about an hour on the bed.  They had kissed and although they didn’t undress there was lots of touching through their clothes. When they decided they better stop messing around  they both went to separate bathrooms and jerked off to relax the pressure they had caused.  And now they were sitting opposite each other at the table, next to their brothers with Ted and Victor on each end. Everyone had a great time.  They laughed and Aiden and Victor talked in French.  

“Will you teach me, Papa Victor? Then Aiden and I can talk and no one else will understand.” Ray asked him.

“I would love that, Raymond and Aiden could start teaching you some of it.  He has caught on really fast.”

“Aiden, can you teach me some words after dinner?”

“Sure.” Aiden said as he put another bite of lasagna in his mouth.

“So what did you two do all afternoon?” Ted asked the teenagers.

JR started to get flustered but Gus said, “You know us, we just hung out and played video games.”

“Oh, and we did part of a project for school,” JR chimed in.

“We weren’t accusing you of anything.  I don’t worry about you two.” Victor continued, “This is what I have always wanted.  Children in my house.  I love my Theodore but children make a home complete.” Victor blew a kiss to Ted and then the lighthearted conversation started again as Aiden explained the game he and Raymond had created that afternoon.

After dinner, while Ted helped Raymond take a shower, Victor gave Aiden a brief checkup and then had him shower in the master bath.  They spoke French throughout.  Victor noticed Aiden looked a little paler than usual but it was just that his summer tan was beginning to fade.  He loved this little boy as if he was his own and he would always watch him carefully.  

Soon the small boys were tucked in bed, promising they would go to sleep as soon as the movie they had started earlier in the day, was finished. As Ted and Victor walked out, Gus was waiting outside the room.  “Well, Gus, do you need something?”  

“JR wants to talk to you.  He’s waiting in the family room.”

“Gus, this sounds serious.” Ted said as he rested a hand on Gus’ shoulder.

“He has something to tell you and I know you two will handle it and know what to do.”

“Well, let’s go talk to our son. You know we love him, right?”

“I do, Uncle Victor and that is why I told him to tell you.” The three walked into the family room where JR stood looking out the window. 

JR glanced over his shoulder and then turned and looked at the building clouds. “It’s going to rain again.  I hate the rain.  Did Gus tell you that?” He took a deep breath. 

“I didn’t tell them anything except that you were in here,” Gus said.

JR continued to stare out the window as he told Ted and Victor why he hated rain.  He told them about Raymond’s dad coming in every time it rained and how dirty and wrong it felt.  He said when Raymond had called him the night he needed to get out of there, it had rained the night before and Ray’s dad had gotten in bed with him, saying it was so Ray wouldn’t be scared but it made Ray feel ‘funny’.  “I just don’t want my brother to go through what I did.”

Ted and Victor walked over to their foster son and wrapped their arms around JR.  Gus slipped out of the room and went to JR’s room.  

“JR, none of this was your fault.” Ted said as the three hugged.  

“We are so glad you told us. That is just what we need to keep Raymond away from the vile man. You will tell the social worker, won’t you?”

“I will do anything to keep him safe from that man,” JR said with conviction.

“You just saved your brother from the same fate,” Victor commented.  “And JR, if you need to talk we are here and if you want to talk to someone more privately, we can arrange that, too.  I know a couple great counselors.”

“I will think about it.  Thank you for watching out for him.”

“You are the one watching out for your brother.  We just can do something about it,” Ted said as he kissed JR’s cheek. Victor did the same before JR walked out and headed for his room.

Gus watched his friend walk into the room. “What did they say?”

“You were right, they were really cool about it. Gus, thanks for convincing me that was the right thing.  They said they are sure they will get to keep Raymond now. Thank you.”

“No problem.  Want to play something?” He pointed to the gaming system and chairs.

“Sure,” JR and Gus played for a couple hours and then it began to thunder.  

JR tensed.  “I need to check on RayMan.” 

“Sure, I’ll go with you and check on Aiden, too.”  The young men walked down the hall to the room the little boys were sleeping.  

They opened the door and found Ray sleeping and Aiden sleepily said, “I got him.” 

Gus walked in silently and kissed his brother, softly saying, “Come get us if you need us.  We are right next door.”  Aiden hugged his brother and the older boys went back to JR’s room.

“Want to play some more?” Gus asked as the sky outside lit up before hearing the thunder again. “Or are you ready for bed?”

“I think it’s about time for bed.” JR jumped when the thunder rolled through. Gus pulled on a T-shirt and shorts and so did JR. Gus looked at the bed and at the sleeping bag in the corner. “Don’t be silly.  There is plenty of room in this bed.” Gus got in on one side while JR dove in from the other side when the storm intensified. “Gus, you aren’t going…”

“Of course I won’t tell anyone. What you and I do is our business.”

“Are you sorry we did what we did this afternoon?”

“No. Let’s see if I’m sorry in the morning for what we do now.” Gus rolled closer to him and as their lips met, Gus’ hand slipped into JR’s shorts and began to stroke him. “Relax, JR. Let me give you a good memory about the rain.”   Gus was impressed at the size of JR’s cock.  As he hardened, Gus was aware of the girth and wondered how any guy would take that up his ass.

“Damn, Gus, that feels so amazing. I am hitting the boiling point.  Oh god, oh god, oh god” JR shot his load into his pants while Gus ran his fingers through it.

“I know it’s weird but I have always liked the feel of cum. Have you ever tasted it?”

“I thought that was too weird even for me.” JR watched Gus put his hand to his mouth and slowly licked it off. 

“It tastes salty.  Cass said she liked the taste of seaman and she said the flavor changes depending on what the guy eats.”

“Really?” JR 

“That’s what she said.”

“Gus, can I..”

“Touch me? I didn’t ask your permission.”

“Well then,” JR pulled the blanket down and moved slowly down the mattress.  He tugged on Gus’ shorts and then he slowly moved downward.  He looked into Gus in the eyes. “I have never done this before. May I?”  Gus nodded and relaxed against the pillow as JR’s warm mouth closed around him.  Gus’ mind went to Cass.  She knew quickly what got him off and she would prolong it by bringing him to a peak and then letting him come down a bit before bringing him back to the edge. JR didn’t make him wait.  It wasn’t long before Gus lost control and filled JR’s mouth with his jizz.

“JR you don’t have to swallow it.  Spit it out if you want to.  It won’t hurt my feelings.”

JR did just the opposite.  He seemed to savor it.  Gus shifted a little uncomfortable watching him. “Um, I’m going to take a quick shower,” Gus said and got out of the bed.  

“Gus, did I do something wrong?”

“No, not at all.  Do you want to shower first? I just think we are both sweaty and sticky.”  Gus was in and out of the shower in five minutes and without a word between them, JR entered when Gus left the bathroom, wearing only a towel.  Ten minutes later, JR entered his bedroom again with a towel wrapped around him.  “I hope you don’t mind.  I found clean sheets.  We both really sweat a lot.”

“Gus, we didn’t go too far, did we?”

“Not at all, unless you think we did.  I am fine.  Are you?”

“Did I do it right? I never did that before.”

“You were great, JR. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, I would do anything for you.”

“Can I see it? You are massive and I think I am jealous.”

“You can’t tell me you never saw it in the locker room at school.”

“I guess I don’t look around that much.  Hell, I’ve seen my dads so many times…”

“I would give anything to see your dads like that.”

“Gross.  Have you ever seen Ted and Victor?”

“No, but I have heard them a couple times. I am just glad they love each other.”

“Ya, that makes me happy, too.” As Gus said that he grabbed JR’s towel.

“Fine!” JR put his hands on his hips and wiggled his hips.

“JR, when you are ready you will not have trouble finding a guy. As much as I enjoy messing around, I still know I am attracted to females but that doesn’t mean I don’t like being with you.  I just want to make it clear to you that…”

“Gus, I do understand.  I’m glad I get a chance to experiment a little bit.”

“Just don’t think you are ever going to stick that massive dick in me.”

“Do you think I am too big? I mean, are guys going to reject me because of it?”

“Oh I don’t think that will be a problem.  I think you are going to find the perfect person who can’t wait for that to be up their ass. Trust me, my dad has told me stories about guys he knew.  That’s Brian, not Justin.  Justin was pretty mellow and never parties like Dad.”

“Does that mean Ted was, too? I know they go way back.”

“I’m really not sure about that. You’ll have to ask him sometime. Now, I don’t know about you but can we raid the kitchen and then go to sleep?”

“Gus, I am so glad you are my friend.  I love you.”

“I love you, too.” They briefly hugged and then headed to the kitchen.


Brian and Justin sat in the hot tub. Their arms and legs were entwined.  “I have to admit, this is needed right now.  The massage was great yesterday but my body has been in a multitude of positions in the last 48 hours and I have to admit I have a couple muscles that feel it.  I guess I am not 27 anymore.”

“You know, next February will be 10 years since we met and even though we have had our hard times, I think the last six years we have made a good life for us and our boys. I know we will have just been to the cabin so I am trying to figure out what we can do to celebrate.”

“Brian, winter is so hard on Aiden.  I don’t want to be away from him.”

“I understand that. I was thinking maybe we could take a trip, the whole family.  We could take Cass with us and she could tutor the boys.  Wherever we go we can make sure there is connection to the outside world.”

“And we have to be near a medical facility.”

“Yes, my love. We can start looking for the perfect place.”

“Brian, you know all of this could be just a dream if Dak…”

“If somehow that would happen, we will all go to the West Coast and make sure our boy is good.”

“That’s not fair to Gus.  He is in high school. He isn’t going to want to go across the country…”

Brian felt Justin tensing up again. “Justin, no matter what, we are a family.  If that means we are a family on two coasts we will make it work but I don’t think Dak has a prayer and right now I am thinking I don’t want that man in my thoughts our last night…” Brian stopped talking when Justin wrapped his hand around his cock.  “I thought you were already sore.”

“I am, but you aren’t.” Justin ran his tongue along Brian’s jawline and then went up to his mouth.

“Please, Bri, let me.”

“Damn, you know I never turn you down when you ask. Let’s go upstairs and use that big comfy bed and…” They stood naked outside with a cool breeze moving over their wet bodies.  

“Um, guys, I know you are both really hot, but standing wet and naked in 50 degree weather is not the smartest thing.” Cass said as she led a guy through the yard to her apartment. 

“She’s right, you know,” Justin said softly.  “You are hot but we are going to catch a cold.” They moved into the house. They locked everything up and then went to the bedroom. “Lay on your stomach.  Let’s see if we can relax you just a bit.”  Justin took out a small massager and, after turning it on, he drug it slowly down Brian’s spine.  Justin saw the goosebumps pop up on his ass.  Brian did his best to relax and as Justin got to Brian’s bud, Justin slowly pressed it inward. He gave time for Brian to adjust to it and then he began to move it slowly, making small circular moves that rubbed his prostate.

Brian moved to his back, letting Justin know he was ready for him. Justin removed the vibrator and guided one of Brian’s leg to the side and Brian bent the other one, giving Justin as much access as he could.  Justin was always amazed that Brian could adjust so easily when he bottomed so seldom. Brian’s face changed for a moment and then sighed as Justin began a rhythm and moved down to kiss him.  As he did he brushed the underside of Brian’s cock and he made a noise that could only be described as real pleasure and need. And soon Justin moved faster and stronger until Brian climaxed seconds before Justin did.

“Holy shit,” was all Justin could say as he rolled off Brian.

“Damn, why don’t we do that more often?

“Because, I am too selfish to let you have that pleasure very often.” Justin said as Brian pulled him into his arms.

“I don’t believe that for even a second. You would give up all pleasure if it made your family happy.” Brian kissed him.

“I would but I know you would never ask me to,” Justin ran his hand over Brian’s sticky abdomen. “I know we were just in the hot tub but I think we are both a bit sticky.  A shower or the tub?”

“I have to admit I am tired in the most wonderful way.  This weekend was so needed but I am ready to see our boys tomorrow.”

“I agree.  Let’s shower and then we can get up and plan what we are serving everyone for lunch.” 

They showered, sensually running soap from head to toe on the other but it was all about the touch and feel, not the means to sex.  By midnight they slept, both with a calmness they had so badly needed.


Justin woke up early and slipped out of bed. He had a much more positive attitude after spending so much time with Brian.  As much as they loved their boys they fed off each other’s energy and needed time to do that.  He pulled clothes on in the bathroom and then went to the kitchen.  He made bread dough and put it in a warming drawer to proof.  Then he started putting dishes together for lunch.  As he pulled out some ingredients from the refrigerator, he heard a soft tapping on the back door.  He had already let GC out so he waved Cass in.

“Hey, Justin, I don’t know if I have ever seen you look so relaxed.” She kissed his cheek.  “Can I do something?”

“I am surprised you are up or even alone.”

“It wasn’t that kind of friend.  It was a college friend that happened to be in town for the weekend. We went out for fast food and then watched a movie. He left about midnight.”  

“That’s about the time we drifted off.  I have bread raising and was just trying to decide what to have with it.  There will be nine of us if you plan to join us.  I am thinking it might be a good day to do burgers and chicken.  We can make buns out of the bread.  How about some homemade fries? I just bought a bag of potatoes so we should have plenty.”

“That sounds perfect.  I know we can put a fruit salad together and Ted said they would pick up a dessert.”

Brian came into the kitchen and Cass laughed.  She had seen Justin walk like that many times but this was the first time Brian moved like that.  He moved to Justin and pulled him into his arms. Cass was sure she could feel the temperature climb from the other side of the island.  

Brian softly said in Justin’s ear, “I think I remember why I’m a top.  You are so much more of a man than I am.” He smiled at Cass as if he had just noticed her. “Good morning,” he said as he poured a cup of coffee.  

While Brian and Justin drank coffee, looking at some options for their flight to Montana for Christmas while Cass cut potatoes into fries. “Hey, Cass, come over if you are done with the potatoes.”

“I’m just sticking them in the oven to get them started.  I will deep fry them just before we eat.” Cass filled a coffee cup and then sat down in an overstuffed chair near Brian and Justin.

“Have you thought about Christmas? Are you going to be at our place or are you going somewhere?”

“I really hadn’t thought about it yet.  I doubt I would go anywhere.” Cass took a sip of coffee. “But you don’t have to include me in your plans.  I am used to being alone.”

“We are thinking about inviting everyone to the cabins.  Ted and Victor’s should be ready by then and if they like the idea, we will invite my family, too,” Justin said.

“To Montana? Really? Can you get up the mountain at that time of year?”

“With a little planning we should be able. We haven’t even talked about it with anyone else but we wanted you to know you are invited.” Brian smiled at Cass.  

“Thanks, guys.  I need to check a couple things but I would love to go,” Cass said excitedly.

“And, Cass, we hesitated hiring you because of Gus but we made the right choice. You are family. I hope you feel that way.”

“Oh, I do.  It is obvious my relationship with my blood isn’t good but you have always made me feel comfortable, even when you shouldn’t have.  Gus and I….I know how wrong that was and it could have ruined my life but because of the way you dealt with it, and trusting both of us, if I succeed in this life it is because of the two of you.”  Cass teared up a bit.

“Cass,” Justin moved from Brian’s side and sat on the arm of the chair, hugging her tightly.  “If we helped with that success, we would be glad but you make your own successes.”

Cass gave Justin a long, smacking kiss.  “Sorry, Brian, I got carried away and right now I am going back to my place to pull my emotions in.  I will be back in time to finish the fries.” And with that, Cass left, jogging to her apartment.


At 11:30 Justin and Brian were in the kitchen again with Cass.  The buns had just come out of the oven and were cooling, ready for burgers and chicken.  Cass started frying the potatoes and stored them in a warm oven.  Justin and Brian were manning the grill.  Gus let everyone in the front door and all six of them walked into the house.  GC rushed to the boys and after letting Gus ruffle his fur, the dog ran to Aiden, giving him lots of wet kisses.  

“I love you, too, GC, but I need to hug my daddies.  Where are they?” and as if he understood the dog walked to the kitchen where Gus could see his dads out on the deck. He opened the door and Justin turned expecting Cassaundra.  Justin took a couple steps away from the grill and Aiden rushed to him.  He picked him up and swung him around as he kissed him.

“Why is your face all wet?” Justin finally asked when they were done hugging.  

“GC kissed me first,” Aiden smiled.

“I should have known.” Justin looked over at Brian.  “Come get a kiss, honey!” 

“I’ve been kissing you all weekend.  I want to kiss this one.” He picked Aiden up and held him tight.  “We missed you.”

“I missed you, too, Big Daddy.  I had fun but I missed both of you so much. You’re my daddies!”

The love fest over Ted and Justin started  getting things out for the meal while Victor helped Brian finish up the meat.  “You have raised your boys well.  They are both great kids.”

“Don’t sound so surprised,” Brian laughed.  “It is all because of my amazing husband.”

“I don’t believe that for a minute.  Both of you are great fathers and Ted and I have learned a lot from you and now have our own boys.  We are so glad we have been able to watch you.”

“Is everything well with Aid?”

“Yes, he seems to be doing well.  I think he is due for a thorough review in November.”

“That will be good timing.”

“Timing?”  Victor questioned.

“We are going to talk about it over lunch.  Let’s get this in the house so we can eat.”


Aiden and Raymond did most of the talking during lunch. Well, Aiden did most of the talking but Ray did talk more than any of them had heard him talk before. Brian noticed something different between JR and Gus, too.  It appeared they had a new closeness but it didn’t seem like a romantic thing.  He remembered when Cass and Gus were an item.  This was different.  This was a familiar comfortable feeling you get when you trust someone completely.

When everyone was full from the grilled sandwiches and amazing fries, Justin and Brian were ready to tell everyone about their plans.  “So this weekend, Brian and I had a lot of long conversations.  We started thinking about Christmas. All of you know you are family to us. Victor and Ted, will your cabin be done by then?”

“It should be functional.  We plan to go make final decisions over Thanksgiving so if not done, close enough,” Ted said.

I want to hire a plane and have all of us, including Justin’s family, fly out there for Christmas and New Year’s.”

“Cool! Do I get to go too, don’t I?” The excited voice came from Raymond.  Everyone had to smile at the excited child. 

Victor, sitting next to him, took him in his arms, “Of course you do, Raymond.  You are part of our family now.”

For the first time, Raymond really hugged him back and then kissed his cheek.  “I’m glad.  I like this family. Is there dessert?”

Everyone at the table laughed and Ted stood up, “We definitely do have dessert.  We have sundaes with all the toppings.”  The small boys went outside with GC while all the items were put out on the counter and then the boys loaded up the ice cream with  all kinds of toppings and then sat by the counter to eat it.


Victor and Ted left with the boys by 3:00.  Victor needed to do rounds yet so by the time he dropped Ted and the kids off he would go to work.  

Brian, Justin, and Aiden spent time playing a game while Gus went up and did his homework.  Brian excused himself so Justin and Aiden could play a two person game and he went upstairs to Gus.  

“Hey, Dad, what’s up?” Gus asked as Brian walked in. 

Brian walked over and dropped onto the bed next to Gus. “I just wanted to see how your weekend was.”

“It was good. It is always cool to spend time at Victor and Ted’s.”

“I figured that.  How about the time with your mom?”

“It was fine. It is a little weird seeing her with someone other than Mama but she is definitely more happy than I have seen her in years.”

“And what’s his name, Nick?”

“Nick seems like a good guy.  He drove me to Ted and Victor’s. It would be nice if I had my own car so I didn’t need someone to drive me.”

“It would, huh?”

“I’ve been saving money and I have enough to buy an old bomb.  At least I would be able to get around but it probably wouldn’t be safe for Aiden.  If it was, I could help get him around. And what if I was here alone with him and something happened and…”

“Gus, are you thinking about the cost of insurance? I don’t want to be a bummer.  Maybe after the first of the year we will look into it and by spring, past snow season, we will look at it.  That way you will have a car by senior year.”

“That sounds fair.  Thanks, Dad.  I better get this finished up,” he pointed to his homework. 

“And, Gus?”

“Ya?”

“Thank you for this weekend.  It was just what your dad and I needed desperately.”

“You two deserved it.  Any news about Aiden’s case?”

Brian looked at Gus, “I’m afraid he is pushing on with the case. Mel said it would be sometime the end of October or early November. We are sure we will keep custody but he could get visitation and if he gets to take him away Justin will go with him for the visits. He will need someone that knows his med routine but we will survive this and you know how stubborn your mom is.  She will take care of us.”

Gus laughed, “Ya, she is that. I…”

“I know, you have work.  Love you, Gus. And thank you again.”

“Love you too, Dad.”


Brian and Justin put Aiden in their big bathtub with lots of bubbles and listened to every detail of the weekend.  He had had such a great time and they had to promise that Ray could come for a weekend soon.  “Daddies, did you know that Raymond is scared of rain?”

“He’s scared of the rain or the thunder?”

“It was kind of funny.  I hugged him and asked him, because it is silly to be scared of water and he said he wasn’t scared of water.  He was scared of his dad.”

Brian and Justin looked at each other. “Did you tell Uncle Victor or Uncle Ted about that?”

“I didn’t have to.  JR did and then they said Raymond would never have to see him again. Daddies, I’m confused why he would be scared of his dad?”

“Sweetheart, it is hard to explain but some grownups just aren’t nice to kids.  We will always protect you.  We would never let anyone hurt you or Gus or any of your friends.  You can always talk to us about anything.”

“I love you both.” Aiden hugged them, getting them wet but they didn’t care. They had their son and this just made them even more protective of him.  


An hour later Brian and Justin sat by the fireplace in the master.  They sipped on bourbon and talked about the boys.  “Gus asked about a car tonight.  I put him off until spring.  I said after the winter  we would talk about it again.  I said for his senior year he would have one.”

“That wasn’t a lie. He just will have it for most of his junior year, too.”

“And Aiden, I hate that Ray had to go through whatever he did but I am so glad that he is safe now and I think Aiden understands that.”

“Mel is going to call Mitchell in the morning and Cynthia and they will figure out a time that works for all of us and then we will figure out how to crack Daklin’s case.” 

Justin stiffened,“Did Mel say Dak had a case?”

“Darling Justin,” Brian kissed him, “you and I can handle all of this.  There is no way we are losing him to some joker that didn’t even contribute sperm.  He is ours and always will be.”

 

As they got into bed and Justin heard Brian’s breathing turn into that slow, steady sound of sleep he thought back.  He had kind of guilted Dak into signing the papers.  Would he use that? Or would Dak use his new found money to try to buy him?  And where did that money come from? With that thought Justin drifted off as he felt Brian’s arms tighten around him in his sleep.


Chapter 5 by Simply written

Chapter 5


Wednesday at noon Mel and Justin arrived at Brian’s office. Justin had boxed lunches for each of them and they sat around the table in the back room planning the conversation they would have with Daklin and his attorney, Mr. Clampet.

“Clampet, seriously? Mr. Clampet is his attorney?” Brian said as he took a big bite of the sandwich. 

“His name may make him sound like a hillbilly but trust me, he is no country bumpkin.  He is sharp, much smarter than the previous guy he had on retainer.”

“Are you worried, Mel?” Justin set his sandwich down. “Mel, what does he have that scares you.”

“I am not sure.  They said they would be emailing over documents about 12:45 our time.  Obviously they want to keep us in the dark as long as they can. I just got the feeling that I’ve missed something. Is there anything either of you haven’t told me?”

“I told you I went there.  You know that,” Brian took another bite followed by a swallow of water.

“Ya, and I told him you were just a worried asshole.  I think there is something else.  Could something have happened when you signed the original paperwork, Justin?”

“Lots happened. I can’t think  of anything specific.  We had a lot of fights over the phone.  Doesn’t Aiden’s condition carry a lot of weight. I will not let him go across the country without me.”  

Mel looked at Justin and then at Brian.  Brian nodded at her.  “Let me go check with Cynthia.  I think the documents will be at her desk soon.” Mel slipped out of the room.

Brian turned his chair to face Justin and took Justin’s hands in his. “Baby, look at me.”

“I am looking at you.”

“Well, you need to focus on what I am saying. You didn’t do anything you shouldn’t have.  I was there for most of it.  Dak hadn’t been around.  He hadn’t gotten to know Aiden at all.  We need to have a united front.  We aren’t going to say much during this call.  Let Mel do that. She will have read the lawyer’s document and she will just respond to the document and know what to bring in front of the courts to get a slot on the docket.”

“Brian, this is just killing me.”

“I know.  It isn’t easy for me, either. So we both have to sit there and just agree with Mel. We have to trust her with this.”  He leaned forward and took him in his arms, kissing him.  “Let Mel get all over excited, and you know she will if she doesn’t like what the documents say, she will tear them apart the legal way”

“Thank you, Brian.  You can always make me see clearly.”

“Now, eat some of that sandwich.” Justin picked it up and took a bite. 

By the time Mel returned with the documents, Justin had managed to eat most of it.  “Mel, what does it say? Is it really bad?” Justin asked as he reached for Brian’s hand.

“Well, I warned you Mr. Clampet is good.  I actually just talked to him on the phone and he isn’t calling back.”

“But we were supposed to….”

“He doesn’t want to talk until we meet in court.  He did give me dates that don’t work for him so hopefully the judge can make something work.  This document,” she held up papers in her hand, “is already in the hand of the judge.  I don’t know how Clampet managed it but he already has the court date.”

“When is it?”

“Four weeks from today we will be in court.  By then, Aiden will need to speak with a court appointed social worker and, I hate to do this, but he is requesting a full work up done on Aiden and I know the judge will allow that.”

“Well, it could be worse.  He had to go back in early November.  We will just move it up a few weeks.” Justin sighed.  “I am just glad we have a date and know when this will be over.”

“I am going to head back to the office,” Mel said.  “I need to review this in detail.  I will send both of you a detailed explanation of all of this and then we can put a game plan together.”

Brian and Justin said goodbye as she rushed out of the room. “I get the feeling there is something else in that document.” 

Brian pulled Justin into his arms. “If there is, she will tell us when she has had time to research it. We trust her, right?”

“I do, and you’re right.  I know she will fight for us.” He kissed Brian.  “I better get back to the office.  Someone has been sending me a lot of work lately.”

Brian smiled.  “I have been sending a lot your way.  I know now isn’t the time to talk about major business changes but I have been thinking it might be time to combine our businesses.  After the first of the year I think we should come up with a new name and…”

“You cannot change the company’s name. You have been in business too long and have a large clientele but I do like the idea of merging.” Justin pressed against Brian and smiled.
“To hell with the office, let’s merge.”

“Oh, I love the way you think, partner!” 


After making love on the conference table, they sat on the sofa. “Brian, how about just calling it Kinnetik and Associates. Your building isn’t big enough to absorb us though.”

“We are getting too crowded the way it is, which is one of the reasons I thought about merging. We can sell the two other buildings and find a bigger one together.”

“That sounds perfect and think of how many lunch ‘dates’ we can have.”

“That will be great but, Justin, I want you here because you have skills that I can’t find anywhere else.  I see your work coming through here with our mutual partners and, damn, I can tell instantly if you did it or someone else.  I mean, all of your employees are good but you are their leader and your work is stunning.  I think being in the same office will increase our business and I think we need to find the right building and then you and I can have adjoining offices with a shared back room.”

“Oh, I love the way you think.” Justin laughed, using the same words Brian did earlier. “But, now I do need to go back.  I am picking up the little boys today.  You do realize the car we are looking at for Gus won’t allow him to pick up the kids for us.  Maybe we should look at something like a Jeep or something.  You always tell me how much you enjoyed yours when you had one.”

“You know, that might not be a bad idea. In fact, as always, you thought this through much better than I did.”

“Let me know what time you will be home tonight.  Aiden wants to help Gus make dinner so we should have an idea of the time.  Oh, and I will get an appointment with Victor but let’s not tell Aiden yet.  He gets so nervous before them.”

“If it wasn’t for Victor being our doctor I don’t know if I could do it twice a year. I swear it hurts Victor as much as it hurts Aiden.” Justin kissed Brian once more.  “Now I am out of here.”  He sidestepped from Brian’s attempt to grab him one last time and he left the office.


Justin had scheduled Aiden’s appointment and now, two weeks later, it was time to tell him.  Gus made Aiden’s favorite dinner and Brian had picked up some of his favorite ice cream on his way home.  Of all days, Justin got home later than usual and Gus was setting the food on the table when he walked in the door.

“Daddy, you are so late.  I was afraid you weren’t going to make it. Gus made my favorite.  It is mac and cheese and not the kind out of the box.  It is his homemade.  You remember how good that is.” 

Justin smiled and pulled Aiden into his arms, kissing his cheek. “Oh, Aiden, I love you!”

“I love you, too, Daddy.  Can we eat now?”

“Of course we can, baby.”

Brian walked over and kissed Justin.  Very softly he said, “We’ll tell him after dessert.”

“Daddies, quit kissing and come to the table.  I’m starving.” Aiden called out while Gus had to laugh at his little brother but he felt sorry for him, too. If he could go to the doctor for him he would but he didn't think he would be nearly as tough as Little Bro was.

“Gus, why do you look so sad.” 

Gus snapped out of it.  “I’m afraid you’ll eat all of the mac and cheese.”

Brian and Justin sat at the table while Aiden giggled at Gus.

As they ate, Aiden paused.  “Guys, it’s not my birthday. It’s almost Gus’ birthday. Why did you make all my favorites?”  Aiden looked around the table. He got on his knees and turned to look at Justin.  Putting a hand on either side of his face, Aiden said, “Daddy, don’t lie to me.  Do I have to see Dr. Victor?”

Tears sprang to Justin’s eyes, “Yes, Aiden.  Tomorrow morning you will be seeing Victor.”  Justin realized Aiden switched from Uncle to Dr.  It was the way he kept his beloved friend separate from his doctor.

“Oh, Daddy, why? I thought it was next month.  You said when it got cold I had to go. It is only chilly.  I don’t have to go until it is really cold. I won’t go.”

Justin wrapped his arms around Aiden and held him tight.  Gus slipped away.  He couldn’t watch his little brother get so upset. Brian followed him out of the room and found him leaning against the wall in the hallway.  Gus through his arms around Brian’s neck.  “Dad, why does he have to go through this. Why can’t someone find a cure for this shit? I just want to…” Gus got quiet for a minute and then stood up straight and said, “I’m fine, Dad.  Go back in.  I’ll be back in a minute.”

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and Aiden. “Big Daddy, why didn’t you tell me?” Aiden finally said. “I know Daddy can’t tell me but you should have told me.”

“Oh, Aiden, we just didn’t want you to worry for a long time.”

“Why are we doing it now.  I know Dr. Victor said November.  It isn’t even Halloween.”

“You know Gus’ mom is helping us with some troubles, right?” Brian said but Justin was shaking his head.  “Justin, it’s time.” Brian lifted Aiden onto his lap as he sat down.

“Time for what, Big Daddy? Do I have to go into the hospital again?”  Aiden’s face broke Brian’s heart and he was glad Justin couldn’t see it from this angle.

“Oh, no, Aiden.  Victor hasn’t said that at all.  Remember Gus’ mom, Mel?” Aiden nodded. “Remember when we told you that Daddy was married to Daklin when you were born?”  He nodded again.  “Well, he wants to get visitation with you.” 

“I wouldn’t mind.  If Daddy liked him I don’t mind if he visits me.”

Brian knew the word custody would freak Aiden out.  They had used that word a lot because Raymond’s dad had just lost custody and Ted and Victor had received full custody until further notice. If Aiden heard Daklin wanted custody he might freak out.  

Justin thought quickly, “Baby, Mel will talk to the judge so he knows that you need to live with us all the time, like you do now and if Dak wants to get to know you he needs to do it in Pittsburgh.”

“Where else would he see me?”

“Remember I told you when I lived in Washington?”

“You said it was close to the cabin.”

“Well, Dak would like you to visit him there.”

Aiden sat on Brian’s lap but was looking at Justin.  He was quiet for a long moment and then said, “I’ll just tell the judge that you need custody of me because we love each other and he might be nice but he doesn’t know me.”  Justin opened his arms and Aiden scampered to his lap, wrapping his arms around Justin’s neck.  After he kissed his daddy, he smiled at Justin and said, “Can we have ice cream now?”

“I’ll get it,” Gus said, who had just walked back into the room.  


The rest of the night was more somber than usual. Aiden wanted Brian to read him a story so Justin helped Gus clean up the kitchen. “Gus, I know this is hard on you, too.”

“Dad, I just wish I could do it for him.  He’s so little and he has had to do this so many times and now that fucker, Daklin, is  trying to… he’s… Dad, he can’t have him.  He belongs right here where we can take care of him.”

Justin was surprised when Gus threw his arms around him and Justin held him tightly.  “Gus, your mom will take care of it.  He isn’t going anywhere.”  Gus opened his mouth but Justin held up his hand.  “Please don’t say anything.  I am having a hard enough time.”  Justin kissed Gus.  “Just know you are the best big brother a little boy could have and no matter what, I know you will be there for him.”

“Thanks, Dad. He just has to go through so much and he stays so sweet.”

“He is a great kid. All I can say is I hope Daklin found his heart and when he sees what he’s doing to us...if I hadn’t left in the first place, I would have never met Daklin. I feel it is my fault but that is not your problem.” Justin closed the dishwasher. “This is all going to work out and I am glad you talked about it.  I know sometimes we are so focused on Aid that you get lost in the crowd a bit.”

“No, Dad, never.  I am grown.  I understand.”

“Well, always know you can talk to us.”

“I know, Dad.  I love you.” Gus hugged him once more.  “And, Dad, if Dad isn’t here and you need to talk, I am old enough to hold my own.”

“I know you are.  I love you, too. Now, go do something fun.”

“I am actually going to take my homework out to Cass.  She said she would help me.  I want this paper to be perfect.”

“Go, just set the alarm when you come in.”

Gus grabbed his backpack and headed out the back door while Justin took a deep breath and went to find Brian and Aiden.  He walked up the steps to find Brian and Aiden in the master bedroom where Brian lay stretched on the bed with Aiden’s head laying on his upper arm. He stopped and looked at them from the door. He took another deep breath and then walked in softly, not wanting to take Aiden’s attention away from Brian.  He was reading Aiden’s favorite story using different voices for each character. Aiden didn’t even look at him until Justin slid up next to him, leaning over and kissing the top of Aiden’s head and then laid his head against the headboard.  

“The End,” Brian and Aiden said in unison.

“Daddies, can I sleep right here between you tonight?” Aiden looked at Brian and then Justin.

“Of course you can, Aid. Why don’t you go use the bathroom and if you want to bring one friend with you go pick one.”  As soon as he was in the bathroom, Justin pulled Brian close and kissed him. “We have the best family ever, and I don’t care what anyone says.”

Brian’s hand moved down Justin’s back and rested on his ass, pulling him close. He rolled so Justin was pressed into the mattress. The kiss deepened and just as Brian was undoing Justin’s fly they both felt a squirming motion, trying to separate them. Brian laughed as he rolled off Justin. “I’ll going to go get ready for bed.” Brian walked into the bathroom.

Justin tucked Aiden in the middle of the bed. Aiden looked up at him and said, “Daddy, thank you for letting me sleep here.  It makes me feel safe.”

“You know you are always safe with us, right?”

“I do.” Aiden snuggled close to Justin.  

Brian came out with shorts and a T-shirt on and Justin went to change.  By the time he came back, Aiden was sound asleep curled next to Brian. “Oh, be still my heart.” Justin walked around to Brian and sat on the edge of the bed.  “You know you started something earlier.” Justin took Brian’s hand and laid it on his crotch but Brian slid it lower and came up a leg of Justin’s shorts. His fingers slipped into his briefs and Justin moved to kiss him. They continued to kiss as Brian brought Justin closer to the edge and when he knew he was cumming they locked their lips together so Brian could absorb the sound of Justin’s reaction.

Justin then dropped to his knees and without words had Brian turn on his side and, after some adjustment, he took Brian in his mouth.  Brian grit his teeth as he gave in to Justin’s attention.  Justin then moved up and kissed him, sharing his own taste with him.  Justin whispered, “I needed that tonight. I needed part of you. I feel stronger.”

“You are always strong. We will deal with this and then our life will only get better.” Brian kissed him once more and then Justin went back around to his side and got in bed. Justin moved close to Aiden.  


“Gus, what’s wrong? I know you usually do much better than this.” Cass laid her hand on his shoulder.

Gus set his computer down on the coffee table and stood up, pacing back and forth. “It’s Aiden.  He broke my heart tonight.  He has to have a full exam and for him that means a lot and he found out about the fucker taking them to court.”

Cass walked across the room and put her arms around him. “Gus, you are such a kind hearted guy.  I know this is hard but that kid has so many people supporting him and Victor is such a good friend. That has to help a little.”

“I just wish I could go through it for him.  He has had way more pain in six years than I have in seventeen.”  Gus held onto Cass tightly.

Cass kissed his forehead.  “Gus, we all love him.  And as hard as it is, he will make it.”

“I know but...damn…” Gus looked down into her eyes, “you are so beautiful.” Before either of them could stop themselves, their lips met. Gus’ hands slipped under the hem of her shirt and felt her flesh under her fingers.  His hands moved up but as soon as he touched her bra he stopped.  “I’m sorry.  I know better. Fuck, I am screwing up all over the place.

Cass took a step away but reached for his hand, “Gus you didn’t screw up.  You are a caring man who loves his brother and isn’t quite sure what to do with his feelings.”

“I need to get this paper done.” 

“Use that emotion to finish your writing.” Cass reached up and brushed a curl off his forehead.

Gus walked back to the sofa and sat down, picking up his computer, he started typing. Cass smiled at the beautiful young man in her living room.  She got him a bottle of water and he typed away.  An hour later, tears ran down Cass’ cheeks as she read his story. “Oh, Gus, this is so beautiful. I only added a couple commas. This will bring you up to an A no matter what.”

“Thanks, Cass.  I better get to the house.  They will worry soon.”  Gus stood and put his computer in his backpack.  “Cass, thanks for…”

“Get going.  You need to get some sleep.” Cass watched him walk down the steps and then shut the door and leaned against it.  She knew she was too old for that man but maybe someday. 

Gus locked up the house and set the alarm.  Going upstairs he looked into Aiden’s room but it was empty.  He went to his dads room and peeked in. He saw everyone in the bed.  Justin’s head popped up and he waved Gus over. “How did the writing go?” he whispered.

“It went well.” He wasn’t sure why but he laid down but Justin wrapped his arms around him.


“Shit,” Brian said as the alarm went off. He sat up and looked over at  Justin.  “What the…” he said when he saw Gus there, too. 

Aiden wrapped his arms around Justin’s neck. “Morning, Daddy.” 

“Morning, love.”

“What is Gus doing in bed with us?” Aiden asked.

“I was going to ask the same thing,” Brian said.

“Aren’t I part of the family?” Gus said, pulling Aiden over to him and kissing his cheek.  Brian pulled Justin over to him and Justin gave him a quick kiss.

“If you think that is a morning kiss…” Brian pinned him to the mattress and his tongue invaded Justin’s mouth.

Gus stood up, taking Aiden with him.  “Why don’t you come with me while I get ready for school or you are going to see something you are way too young to see.”

“I have seen them kiss a lot.”  Aiden said looking over Gus’ shoulder as he moved out of the room.  

“Damn, I love those boys,” Brian said as he started pulling down Justin’s shorts as he turned him to his side. Brian slid into him.


Aiden watched TV in Gus’ room as he showered and then chattered at Gus as Gus got ready for school. “Gus, can we have a sleepover party in here sometime?”

“Sure! Do you think you will be a little tired tonight?”  Aiden’s face went solemn and he nodded.  “How about tomorrow night you and I have a no adults party?”

“Really, Gus?”

“And if you are still a little tired I promise we will do it very soon.”

“Promise?” Aiden asked.

“I promise!” Gus hugged him.

“I love you, Gus.  I better go get dressed.”

“Love you, too, Little Bro.” Gus said as Aiden left the room.


After Justin showered and dressed he went to look for Aiden.  He heard some noise in Aiden’s room.  He was already all dressed.  “Hi Daddy, when do we have to go?”

“I can’t eat can I?”

“Not right now but you know Victor will have something for you.”

“Yes, he always has good stuff for me when they get done poking me for blood.”

“I think we are very lucky that your doctor loves you almost as much as we do.”

“Daddy, is it bad that I sometimes don’t like Dr. Victor even though I love Uncle Victor?”

“I think that makes you a very normal boy.”


Brian, Justin, and Aiden arrived for their appointment at 9:00 a.m. and the nurse immediately took them back so a tech could draw several vials of blood from Aiden. Each of his daddies held a hand.  They had learned long ago how to make sure they were not in the way and they knew Victor always made sure they did this in the exam room so Aid didn’t have to go to the lab area. The blood draw done, it was time to collect urine.  This was Aiden’s favorite part.  The nurse placed a collection container in the toilet.  It always looked like any plastic pan but as Aiden peed a picture would appear. It was always fun to see what it would be. This time it was a cartoon picture of a cowardly lion. Brian and Justin both had to come see the picture and then Aiden giggled  because both his dads were looking at his pee.  The nurse had to laugh at the three ‘boys’ laughing in the room.  “Boys, never grow out of laughing at pee.” As she walked out, Victor walked in, noticing her smile.

“Bonjour, mon petit,” Victor said as he walked in carrying a bag.

“Bonjour, Docteur. Qu'avez-vous apporté pour le petit déjeuner?” Aiden rattled off in French.

“Well, listen to you!” Victor responded. “Since you asked, I have gotten you a breakfast sandwich and breakfast tots.”  He pulled out a wrapped croissant and a container with the potatoes.

Victor lifted Aiden up to the exam table where the food was sitting. “I hope ham, egg and cheese is still your favorite.”

“Yummy!  It is. Is there ketchup for the hash browns?” Brian dug into the bag and opened a couple packets of ketchup for Aiden and then popped one of the potatoes in his mouth.  “Big Daddy!” Aiden said but then smiled up at him.  “That’s OK.  I can’t eat all of this on my own.”

“Hello, my friends.” Victor hugged Justin and then Brian.

“Dr. Victor?” Aiden said as he talked through a bite. “Do I have to have more tests?”

“Well, mon petit, I need to go check on the results of the blood draw, and then I will know what more we have to check out.” Victor’s phone beeped.  He looked at it.  “And that tells me they are ready.  You eat some more and,” he looked at Brian and Justin, “I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

When Victor returned in ten minutes, he wasn’t smiling but he didn’t look worried.  “Uncle, oops, Dr. Victor,  what does my blood say?”

“Well, it isn’t perfect but it isn’t bad.” Victor looked at Aiden and then at Brian and Justin.  “I am going to do a transfusion today. Mon petit, I know that means another poke but it isn’t the one that hurts bad.  It will be just one more poke and…”

“And then I have to sit and wait for the blood to get in me.”

“Yes, that’s right but remember then you usually feel more energetic for a while.”

“Ya, that’s not so bad.” 

“Let’s take you to the transfusion room and you can pick any show you want to watch.”

A few minutes later a tech was hooking Aiden up and Brian and Aiden were picking a movie to watch.  Victor took Justin’s arm and they walked out into the hallway. “Victor,  is there something you couldn’t say in front of Aid?”

“No, Justin, his count was down a few points but overall he is doing well.”

“But the transfusion? He hasn’t needed one of those for a while.”

“Justin,” Victor pulled him into an alcove. “He definitely can use the red blood cells but…” Victor lowered his voice, “I ordered it this time so when I get called into court, I can honestly say he has needed the transfusion recently.  Any other doctor would look at the results and have done the same thing.  Most doctors don’t have the experience I do with this disease and anyone else looking at the counts would have done the exact same thing.  Plus, he is going to be very stressed out during this, which will definitely make it touch on him.”

Justin hugged Victor, “You are an amazing man, Victor Gerard. Thank you.”


“Il m'est si cher. Oh I am sorry,” Victor smiled.  “He is so dear to me. You and Brian have created that boy to be such a special child.  I will say that to anyone.  The two of you have made him who he is and with every fiber of my body, I will say that to anyone who will listen. If I have anything to say about it, no one will take that child, not for a week, not for a day, not for a minute.”

Justin again hugged him, “Thank you, Victor.  I don’t know what we would do without you.”

“You and Brian would be raising that beautiful boy just as well as you are now but I feel so fortunate to have all of you in my life. And now, with boys we call our own, Ted and I know the feeling of children that are as lovely as yours.”

“And they are lucky boys to have your and Ted.  I guess I should join my boys.  I am guessing he is about done with the transfusion.”

“He is good to go when he is done.  I need to get to work.  We will talk soon. Oh, and I am not sure if Ted talked to Brian yet but when we go to the cabin over Thanksgiving we are hoping the boys…”

“Of course they can stay with us. We will talk soon, Victor.” The men kissed and went their separate ways.

By the time Justin walked into Aiden’s transfusion room, he was being disconnected. Brian moved quickly to Justin and pushed him back into the hall.  “Where have you been? Is everything ok? What did Victor need to tell you?”

“Brian, everything is fine.  It will take too long to explain right now but everything is good.”

“There you are, Daddies.  I thought you left without me.” He gave them a big smile.

Justin picked him up. “You are the most amazing child I have ever known.” He kissed Aiden and Brian wrapped around Justin guiding them down the hall.

“I think we should go home so you can take a little nap,” Brian said as he saw Aidn yawn, “and when you wake up, you can decide what we will do for the rest of the afternoon.”

Aiden reached for Brian and Justin passed him over. “Ok.” Aiden laid his head on Brian’s shoulder and before they made it to the car, Aiden was fast asleep.


Once they had Aiden down for a nap, Brian and Justin went into their room and stretched out on the bed. Brian pulled Justin tightly against his side. “Are you going to tell me what Victor said?”

“You are lucky you are as sexy as you are because otherwise I’d be fighting Ted for that man.” He ran his hand down Brian’s flat stomach but stopped at his waistband. “Aiden’s count was a little low but nothing unusual for him, however, since he had the transfusion Victor can honestly say that just recently Aiden required one.  He did it to help our case.”

“So Aiden didn’t need to go through that today?”

“Brian, he said any doctor looking at Aid’s numbers would have agreed with him. I know it wasn’t fun for Aiden but it was good for him and for our case.”  Justin’s hand slid up under Brian’s shirt. “I have a feeling he will be sleeping for a couple hours.  Can you think of something for us to do?” Justin moved so his mouth brushed Brian’s as he pinched one of his nipples.

“God, you are a hard man to say no to.” He rolled over pinning just down.”

Justin tugged at Brian’s shirt and soon they managed to get undressed.  They touched and tasted every inch of skin on the other’s body and then Justin placed a leg on Brian’s shoulder while he moved his other leg to the side. Brian entered him and together they climbed higher and higher until both of them climaxed. They lay on their backs staring at the ceiling for a few moments.

“I supposed we need to clean up and dress before Aiden wakes up.  I am guessing we have about 20 minutes,” Justin said.

“Then may I wash your back and you wash mine.” Brian stood and strode across the room. Justin watched his body move. “You coming?”

“Just go ahead and I’ll follow.  I love the view from here.” Justin stood and watched Brian’s ass as he walked into the open shower.


“Little Bro, you home?”  Gus called as he got home from school. 

“Gus, you’re home!” Aiden came racing out of the kitchen/family room right into Gus’ waiting arms. 

“How was your appointment with Uncle Victor?”

Aiden giggled, “I called him Uncle Dr. Victor accidentally. It was funny.”

“I see both arms have a bandaid.”

“Ya, I had to have a...trans thing.” Brian walked in behind Aiden as he said it and Gus had to laugh at his dad’s face.

“A trans thing? Do you mean a transfusion?” Gus glanced at Brian with concern on his face.

“Ya, and now I have lots of energy so Daddy and I are making a fun dessert so I have to go.  We can talk later.” Aiden turned and ran past Brian, back to the kitchen.

“Dad, you lost your poker face.  Trans?” Gus laughed and Brian joined him.

“You know I would be fine with that but I didn’t expect my six year old …” Brian stopped the sentence when he realized Gus had a worried look under the humor.  “Gus, he is fine.  His numbers were lower than yours and mine but they always are.  They were in the normal range for him.”

“Then why the transfusion?”

“Vic knows how much stress he will be under in the next couple weeks and when they question his health or if the other side says anything about Aid looking good, your mom can tell them about the transfusion.”

“Go, Uncle Victor!  I love him.” Gus said in his laid back way.

“At first I was a little upset that it was unneeded but it doesn’t really hurt Aiden, other than the needle and he really will be going through a lot. By the way, your mom is coming for breakfast tomorrow morning.  We are going to go over the plan for the case.  I can’t believe that it starts next week.”

“Dad, I have been working on assignments ahead of time. I am going to court.”

“Gus, you don’t have to do that.  Aiden isn’t going except when he is required to talk to the judge. Cass will take him home right after that.”

“I am going, Dad. It will only be one or two days and I want to be there for you and Dad.”

“And it is possible the judge will want to talk to you, too.  As long as school says it’s Ok, then it is Ok with us.  I will email them that you will be gone Wednesday and maybe Thursday.”

“Thanks, Dad.  So what is the special dessert?”

“I am not sure but I think it has to do with your birthday on Sunday and Aiden knew you would have cake then but Aiden is sure this will be the best birthday dessert you ever had.”

Softly Gus said, “I am a little worried but with his heart in it, it will be the best I have ever had.”

Brian tossed an arm around Gus’ shoulder and as they walked into the kitchen he said, “Any idea what you want for your birthday?”

“Dad, I know the two of you and there is no way you don’t have something already.  You would wait but Dad would never wait until the last minute.”

Brian tightened his arm around Gus’ neck and kissed the top of his head.

Justin smiled at the two as they walked in. “Gus, good timing.  I know we are having your party on Sunday but we thought tonight was a good time for the family party.  What do you want for dinner? I’ll cook. We can order in.  Your choice.”

“Can I cook? When Cass got groceries this week, I had her buy some stuff for a birthday dinner I figured we would have sometime.”

“What are you making?”   Aiden asked, “Can I help?”

“I am making a seafood lasagna and I could use a sous chef.”

“My name isn’t Sue.” Aiden said seriously.

“No, not that,” Gus lifted Aiden up on the counter. “A sous chef just means an assistant chef.”

“Oh, I like being an assistant.” 

Brian and Justin looked at their boys, “Since you got this, we have a couple things to talk about.  Just call if you need something,” Justin said as he and Brian walked to the formal living room.  “So, when is the Jeep arriving?”

“Tomorrow afternoon.  Do you think he will like it?” Brian asked.  “Maybe we should have gotten something sportier.  He isn’t going to think this is a family car.”

“Bri, we know he will help get Aiden around and we want something that is safe for both of them.  Yes, it is an SUV but it is a sports addition and it is bright red and with the top of the line interior.  That sound system will blow him away.”

“You’re right and he is a good kid.  He is appreciative of whatever he gets.  Now, if I am not mistaken lasagna takes a while so we…” Justin pushed him backward onto the sofa and stopped his words with a kiss.

Gus had Aiden help layer the noodles in between ladles of cream sauce, zucchini, and shrimp and small scallops.  “Gus, are you sure I will like this? I don’t know if I have ever had this stuff.” He held up a zucchini slice.

“You trust me, don’t you?”

“I do and the rest is all stuff I like.” He stuck his finger in the alfredo sauce and licked it off. “That stuff is yummy.” 


When they had finished the lasagna and put it in the oven, Aiden looked around. “You know our dads.  I bet they are kissing somewhere.”

“I think you are right.  Do you want to go play outside for a while? If you put on a sweatshirt it is warm enough.”

“Yeah! I’ll grab my sweatshirt.” Aiden rushed away and came right back with his sweatshirt on and together they walked out the back door. 

It wasn’t long before Cass appeared. “I could hear a lot of fun going on down here.  Can I join?”

“Sure, Cass.” Aiden said as Gus pushed him on the swing.  As his voice went from close to further away, Aiden told her, “Uncle Dr. Victor gave me some blood and I have lots of energy now.”

“That’s great, Aid!” She said but then whispered, “he needed a transfusion?”

“He could always use one but his medication keeps him in the safe level for him but Victor gave him a transfusion to give him a boost with the court case this coming week.”

Cassandra sighed, “That’s good news and makes sense.”

“I hear that you are coming to court so Aiden doesn’t have to sit through all of it.”

“Ya, I get to party with this big guy.” They had stopped the swing and Cass offered her hand to Aiden.  He took it and they walked over to the climbing area where Aiden quickly climbed up and started moving around. “Has your mom said anything else?”

“She is coming for breakfast tomorrow so they can talk it over some last minute details.  Hey, you probably have a date or something but I made seafood lasagna and Aiden made dessert.  They won’t tell me what that is, but I know there is plenty of whatever it is.”

“I actually had plans but they fell through when he came down with the flu today.  I’d love to join you but isn’t this just for family?”

Aiden popped out just above Gus and Cass.  “Cass, you are family. You will love the dessert.”

“Well, I guess I can’t turn that down.” 

“And I better go check on dinner.” The three walked into the house just as Brian and Justin, flushed from their make out session, walked into the kitchen area.

“Is dinner ready? I worked up an appetite.” Brian kissed Justin’s temple and smiled at his boys and Cass.”

“We invited Cass,” Aiden commented.

“I am sure there is plenty of food.” 

Soon the five of them were sitting at the table with a salad and the pan of lasagna.  “Gus, you were right. This is really good,” Aiden said as he took one of the zucchini pieces off the dish and popped it in his mouth.

Everyone agreed Gus’ meal was wonderful and then it was time for dessert and Aiden, with help from Justin, walked over with a glass bowl full of layers.

“Well, what is this?” Gus asked.

“It has all your favorites.  It has peanut butter cookies, pudding, whipped cream and chocolate all put together.  What did you call it, Daddy?”

“It is a trifle.” Justin responded.

“That’s it.” Aiden helped scoop out bowl’s full and everyone agreed it was very good.

“I can tell this is going to be a great birthday already. Is anything going on tomorrow besides breakfast with mom?” Gus asked.

“We may have a surprise or two planned.” Justin smiled over at Gus. “

“Ok, JR texted and was wondering if I can go out with him tomorrow night.”

“That’s fine,” Brian said, “Just so you are here for the party on Sunday.”

“That is not a problem.”

Cass helped clean up after the meal and left before the family locked up and headed up to their rooms.  Aiden was soon sound asleep and Brian and Justin were watching TV in their room.  

 

Gus laid in bed and slid his hand into his briefs.  He couldn’t get Cass out of his mind.  He knew why they couldn’t be together but he also knew she was one of the best people he had ever met. He stroked himself and remembered the feel of her around him.  After he filled his briefs with cum he got up and took a quick shower before slipping clean boxers on and getting into bed again. His goal for this 17th year was to find a girl to help him forget.  If he was going to learn to live his own life, he had to get over Cass.


Chapter 6 by Simply written

Chapter 6


“What time is the car coming?” Aiden asked Justin excitedly. 


“Shhhh, remember it is a surprise.” Aiden clamped a hand over his mouth.  

Brian and Justin had told him when Aiden had crawled into bed with them Saturday morning. “It is supposed to be delivered at 1:00 p.m.”

“What time is Gus’ mom coming?”

“She will be here in about an hour so we need to get up and ready.” Brian said as he rolled out of bed. “Why is facing Mel in the morning almost as bad as facing a judge?”

“Why Big Daddy?” Aiden asked.

Justin jumped in, “Your dad and Mel have never gotten along but that doesn’t mean they don’t care about each other because they both love Gus.” 

“OK.” Aiden shrugged it off.

“Oh, and Aiden, it might be best if you don’t say something like that to Mel.”

“I won’t.  I’m going to get dressed and you better, too.” Aiden said as he walked out the door.

Justin walked into the shower with Brian.  “When did that kid get so bossy?”

Brian pulled Justin against him and kissed him. “He is growing up fast and he doesn’t miss a trick.”

“I have heard you never missed a trick either,” Justin smirked at Brian who swatted his bare ass.

“I know, you never did anything like that.”

“Well, I had my share of friends with benefits in college but I didn’t go out looking.”

“It’s not that I had to pay for it.  I just took people home with me.”

“A lot of people came home with you.”

“Does it matter to you?” Brian asked as his head dipped to the curve of Justin’s neck.

“No, because you don’t bring them home now.”

“Why would I? You give me all I will ever need.” Brian started rubbing his hardon against Justin’s ass.

“Darling, we have no time for that. I promise, later.  Maybe we should see if Raymond can come for a sleepover. Two is no more work than one with those two.”

“I’ll connect with Ted and Victor and if it is alright with them, maybe Gus can go pick him up this afternoon.  With Gus and JR doing something tonight it will give Ted and Victor a little time alone.”

By the time Mel arrived, Justin had contacted Ted and Aiden was so excited Raymond was coming for a sleepover. Cass had taken Aiden to her apartment so he wouldn’t be around for the whole court discussion.

They sat down around the table as Mel opened the file and started right in.  “Well, Justin the dickhead,” she looked at Brian, “the other dickhead you were married to has hired one of the sharpest lawyers I have ever met.  He must have money because that guy costs a fortune.  Anyway, to get to the main point of this case, he wants Aiden 50% of the time.”

“But he signed his rights away,” Justin said.

“He said he was at a low point in his life and felt the pressure of the Kinney money.  Now he feels he can take care of a child financially and physically.”

Does he really have any claim on him?” Brian asked.

“Justin and Daklin were married whether or not it was a good relationship.”

“But he has no blood connection,” Justin commented.

“So neither dickhead has any blood in the game, but,” Mel looked at Brian and smiled, “I know you have heart in it. I hate to admit it but you are one of the best dads I have ever met. You saved our son and with Aiden’s health issues, I plan to call Victor to give them a brief outline of his condition and what it takes to keep that little guy healthy.”

“Mel, the judge, what’s she like?”

“I like her.  I have won and lost with her.  She wants what is best for the child but also follows the law.”

“We have his signature! It says he doesn’t want to bother with a child!” Justin said, agitated.

“Justin,” she glanced at Brian, “he says he felt forced and was so shook up about losing you that he didn’t realize he was making a permanent decision. I know he was under pressure.” She looked at Brian again.

“Fuck you, Mel. I didn’t do anything!” Brian stood up and headed toward the door but saw Gus standing there. Brian stopped and Gus turned him around and guided him back to the table.  He stopped at his mom’s chair and bent down to kiss her cheek.

“Mama, Dad loves Aiden as much as he loves me, as much as you love me.  This is no time for the two of you to poke at old wounds.” Brian dropped into his chair and Mel, who was looking at their son, turned and looked at Brian. They both nodded.  Gus hugged his mom, “Are you coming to my party tomorrow?”

“I am planning on it.”

“Are you going to be nice to Mom and Nick?”

Mel looked at her son, “I promise I won’t start anything.  I love you, Gus.”

“I love you, too, Mama.”  Gus looked at his dads, “I am going to check on Aiden with Cass.” 

After Gus had left, Mel looked at both men, “How is it going with her living here?”

“I am not saying they aren’t still attracted but nothing is going on.  She does help him with his English since that is his weakest subject and he is doing much better.” Brian said this with no sarcasm in his voice. “Our son is right, Mel. We are grown ups.  We will never be best friends but we can be adults.” Brian offered a hand to Mel and she shook it.

“Well, at this point our major point is that, besides the fact Aiden has no memory of Daklin, his health will be my focus. Mr. Clampet is going to move full force into the fact that Daklin didn’t feel he could support Aiden’s health needs until he got a windfall.”

“Did you ever find out how he got his money?” Justin asked.

“No.  It has to do with a previous job he had but it is blurry how he got it. I don’t think he did anything wrong, however, the owner of the company left the country.”

Justin looked at Brian, “Maybe Cal could find something.”

Mel commented, “I don’t want to hear anything you’re doing.  If you find answers, show me proof but I can’t hear about it unless you have the proof.  I need to get moving. I have plans this afternoon but we will be here tomorrow for the party.” Brian and Justin followed Mel to the door. “Unless I have something come up, I will just meet you at the courthouse on Wednesday.” 

“Mel, what are our chances?” Justin asked.  

“You will have him more than you don’t but I can’t say he won’t get visits.” Mel hugged Justin.  “I have to be honest.”

“Thanks, Mel, for all of this. We will see you tomorrow.”

They closed the door and Brian hugged Justin for a minute.  “Can you make lunch? The boys will be back in a few minutes and be hungry. I am going to try to connect with Cal.  What Mel said about Dak’s boss being out of the country makes me feel like he might be able to follow that.”

“Sure!  I was just planning on leftover lasagna or sandwiches.  Raymond and Aiden will pick dinner. And the car is coming at 1:00? That gives us a couple hours.  I will find out what they want and have it ready for them at noon.  What do you want to eat?”

“I’m good with either a sandwich or leftovers.  I should be done before noon.” With that Brian turned around and moved down the hall to his office.


Brian sat at his desk and called Cal’s number. It rang several times before he answered.  

“Hey, Mr. Kinney, how’s it going?”

“Brian, please Cal.  I learned a couple things today and I was wondering if you could use some of your connections and look into this.”

“What are you looking for?”

“We learned today that Daklin made his money about the time his boys left the country.  Do you know anything about that?”

“Actually, I stumbled across that same information this week.  I have a friend that is still on the force that is looking into something for me.”

“Do you know what they suspected was going on?” Brian picked up a pen and found a scratch pad. 

“Well, the details I found were fuzzy, which is why I talked to my friend, but it had to do with how a couple buildings in the city were constructed.  I couldn’t tell if they thought he got the money to build them illegally or if they thought the construction had been done poorly.  What I did read made it sound like no one in the company knew what was going on except the couple that disappeared but considering how much money Dak ended up with there are rumors that, he may not have been involved but he may have figured something out just before the collapse.  In fact, if he did that, he might be the reason they fled the country.”

“Cal, you have done so much for us already but we are in a time crunch now.  On Wednesday we meet with the judge.”

“Brian, you have paid me more than I have expected.  I will push my buddy.  Hopefully by Monday I will have more information.”

“Thanks, Cal.  Call if you need otherwise email what you find.  We could use all the help you can give us.”

“I have never met this kid but I can tell how special he is and, no matter what, I will get everything I have to you on Monday.

Brian said goodbye but didn’t get up. He dropped his head in his hands and stayed that way as he let tears flow. He had never loved like he did his family and along with loving like that comes hurt if you lose them in any way.


At 11:50 Justin pulled the reheated lasagna out of the oven along with a couple warm ham and cheese.  He heard muffled voices and saw Gus holding Aiden’s hand as they walked across the yard. Justin’s heart skipped a beat every time he looked at his boys.

“Hey, guys, what was Cass up to this morning.”

“Before Gus got there she helped me make Gus’ birthday present but we got it hidden before we let him in so she is going to wrap it for me.” Aiden smiled and walked over and gave Justin a hug. “It smells good here.”

“I just heated up the lasagna and some sandwiches if you don’t want that and we have salad from last night. Gus, can you help Aiden get what he wants.  I’m going to go see what’s keeping your dad.”

Justin walked to the office and opened the door. Brian still sat at his desk with his head in his hands. He walked over and wrapped his arms around his husband.  “Did Cal say something, love?”

Brian wiped his eyes and looked up, “He might have a lead. He will have news on Monday.” Justin moved between Brian’s knees and Brian put his arms tightly around his waist and rested his head on Justin’s stomach for a moment.  “Are the boys back?”

“Ya, Gus is getting Aiden started.”

“How bad do I look?”

“You look like a concerned father who can’t imagine life without his son.  Go splash some water on your face and I will tell them you fell asleep.  Brian, I love you.  This will all work out.” Justin kissed him before going back to the boys.

“Where’s Big Daddy?” Aiden asked with a mouth full of salad.

“Your daddy fell asleep but he’s up now and will be here in a couple minutes.”

“That’s good because we need to be ready at..” Aiden slapped his hand over his mouth.

Gus looked at his brother. “What do we need to be ready for, Little Bro?”

“I’m sorry, Daddy!” Aiden moved to Justin’s chair and buried his head in Justin’s lap.

“Gus, this close to your birthday, it is best not to ask too many questions.” As he pulled Aiden onto his lap, Brian came walking in.

“What did I miss?” Brian looked a little concerned.

“There is no problem.” Gus spoke up.  “Aiden is just very excited about my birthday and nearly slipped something but he caught himself. Little Bro, you didn’t spoil anything.”

Aiden glanced at Gus from Justin’s shoulder, “Are you sure? I said I wouldn’t say anything and I almost did,”  he said with a hitch in his voice.

Brian snatched Aiden from Justin’s lap, “If Gus doesn’t know  what’s up, you didn’t ruin anything.” He hugged him tightly and then put him back on his chair.  “Now, let’s eat because we do have a surprise at 1:00.” Brian kissed Aiden’s cheek and grabbed the bowl of salad before sitting down himself.


The rest of lunch was uneventful and Aiden was back to himself quickly.  All of them helped clean up but then Brian received a message and after reading it he whispered something to Aiden and he nodded.  “Gus, stay here with Aiden.  He knows what to do.” Brian took Justin’s hand and walked out the front door.

“Aiden, I am really curious now. How long have you known about this surprise?”

“Just since this morning.  I didn’t spoil it, did I?”

“Oh, not at all.  In fact it was almost like a tease but I am glad I haven’t known about it for days. That would have driven me crazy.”


Brian and Justin watched 2 cars pull into the drive and then one in Gus’ new car got out and pulled a large bow out of the back seat and put it on top of the car.  He spoke to Brian and Justin for a couple minutes before getting in the first car and they drove away.

Brian knocked on the front door. 

“Ok, Gus, that’s our signal. Close your eyes tight and put your hand out.”

“They are closed.” Aiden took his hand and led him to the front door.  He opened it and Brian and Justin  came on either side of the boys as they led them out onto the front porch. 

“Are you ready? Open your eyes when I say one.” Aiden counted, “Three, Two, One, Open your eyes.”

Gus opened his eyes and there, in front of him was a metallic red Jeep Compass.  “You’re kidding, right? This is just a treat for the weekend?”

“No, Gus, you so deserve this.  It isn’t brand new but almost. It just has a couple thousand miles on it.” Brian draped his arm around Gus’ shoulders. “It maybe isn’t the coolest car but we wanted it safe for you and we know we will ask you to help Aid get around sometimes.”

Gus turned and hugged Brian tightly and then he hugged Justin.  “This is so amazing. I love it!”

“Get in it,” Justin said.  “Check it out.” He opened the passenger side for Aiden to climb in.  “Of course you will need to sit in the back in your seat if he is really taking you somewhere.”

“I know, Daddy. This is so cool!” 

“We have a seat for Aiden ordered so you can keep it in your car.  If you are out with the guys, it can go in the back,” Brian said. “How about taking me for a ride?”

“Can I go?” Aided asked. 

Justin put his hand on his shoulder, “Raymond will be here in a few minutes. Ted is dropping him off. There will be lots of time for you to ride with Gus.”

“Little Bro, I promise to take you for a ride very soon.” Gus smiled at Aiden.

With that, Brian got in, they both buckled up and Gus drove away.

“Dad, I thought I had to wait until I could afford the insurance.”

“Justin and I talked about it and some of this is selfish on our part.  If you have your own car you can pick your brother up or bring him somewhere.  We will cover the insurance  and will give you an allowance for gas.  You will have to pay for some of the gas if you use it more.”

“Dad, you always give me an allowance already.” 

“Gus, you are a good driver.  We have one main rule. We expect you will pick up JR but if you are going to drive a group of friends, we want to know.  I know that won’t be an issue because you always tell us what you are going to do and who is going with you.  Oh, and of course, if Aiden is with you he is in the backseat in his booster.”

“Of course, Dad. Where should we go?” 

“Just drive, Gus.  It is freedom.”


By the time Brian and Gus got back, Raymond had arrived.  Gus rushed in and hugged Justin. “Thanks, Dad.  It is beyond great! I called JR from my car when Dad and I had stopped for a minute and I am picking him up at 5:00.  Dad knows all the details.” Gus ran up the steps to get ready for his night out with JR.  JR had been almost as excited as Gus.  He had asked his dads to drive but now it would be just the two of them.  They were going out to dinner and then a movie and he was paying for everything.  If he was this excited, he could only imagine how happy Gus was.

Brian walked in, after Gus had rushed to his room. He kissed Justin’s smiling face. “That is one happy young man.”

“Did the ride go well?” Justin asked as he rested his hands on Brian’s ass, moving his fingers in gentle circles.

“He’s a great driver and the new vehicle didn’t throw him off at all,” Brian moved his pelvis against Justin’s.  “You know if you keep doing that with your hands something is going to happen here.”

“Remember Ray is here.  He and Aiden are out in the yard. Cass is watching them.  Raymond is a sweet kid.  As soon as he got here he asked how Aiden was feeling.  He realizes Aiden has up and down days.  I have a feeling they will be outside for a while and Gus won’t be leaving for about thirty minutes.”

“Mr. Taylor, I get the feeling you are trying to entice me into screwing your brains out, fast and furiously.”

“The office, now!” Justin said as he thrust against Brian, making him groan. Justin turned around and wiggled his ass at Brian who followed like a puppy ready for a treat. As Brian walked in, Justin reached for his fly and soon had his pants down around his ankles.  He pushed Brian onto the sofa and he dropped to his knees. 

He had just taken him into his mouth when there was a knock on the door and it began to open.  A little panicked, Justin’s head popped up and Brian grabbed a pillow and threw it over his erection.  “Dads. I’m….” Gus stopped. “You two are insane. No wonder I am always thinking about sex.”

Justin smiled up at his son, “What’s up, besides your father?”

Gus shook his head, “I’m leaving.  I should be home by 11:30 but I will let you know if I’m going to be later.”

“Ok, have a good time.  Tomorrow’s party starts at 1:00.” Justin had slipped his hand under the pillow and was stroking Brian as he talked to Gus.

“Fuck,” Brian mumbled, “Have fun but if you don’t get out of here I am going to have to have the pillow dry cleaned.”

Gus rolled his eyes and pulled the door shut.  He laughed softly as he walked out the front door. He didn’t want to see them go at it but for some reason it made him smile knowing they still did it.

Justin dipped his head down again and it was only moments before Brian thrust up and Justin swallowed the cum he was given.  Justin looked up at Brian’s face and Brian bent down and claimed his mouth. He pulled Justin off his knees and he managed to lay him down on the sofa next to him and then yanked Justin’s pants down and began the same process Justin had just completed but Brian’s hand moved between Justin’s legs and entered him.  With a brush of his finger against Justin’s prostate he could feel Justin’s climax before tasting it. Justin cried out with abandon and after the immediate feeling calmed down, he pulled Brian up to him. 

“Damn, that was amazing.” Justin kissed Brian. “I love you, Brian Kinney, and no matter what the judge decides I know you are Aiden’s other parent and more importantly, Aiden does.”

Brian, full of emotion, crushed Justin’s lips with his own. They dozed for a few minutes but then Justin, kissing the top of Brian’s head, “We need to get up.  Cass is going away this evening so we need to take over duties with the little boys.” Justin stood and straightened his pants.  

Brian sat up and pulled Justin against him for a minute. “I love you, too, Justin.” Justin kissed him once more and Brian stood, tied his fly and they walked out together.


Gus pulled up to JR’s and Ted, Victor and JR came out of the house to see his new ride.  “Gus, this is steller.  It is so cool.  This is amazing!” JR rattled on about it as he looked it over inside and out.

“Very nice,” Ted commented as he walked around it.

“You aren’t surprised, are you Uncle Ted?”

“Well, I do take care of your dads’ finances so they told me about the purchase but this is really sharp.”

Victor came over and hugged Gus.  “It is a beautiful machine and I am so glad my son has such a friend that will be safe when he drives him.”

“Oh, yes sir.  I am always careful.”

“Well, we won’t hold you up any longer.” Victor patted Gus’ shoulder.  “Do you have an idea of your time of return?”

“I told my dads I thought it would be about 11:00 but if it is going to be later than 11:30 we will text or call.”

Ted walked over and put his arm around Victor’s waist. “You two have a great time and, Gus, we will see you tomorrow.”

“I’ll be right back,” JR said as he ran back into the house and came out quickly holding a bag. He got into the car and after he buckled up and Gus drove away.

“You said my gift was dinner and a movie.  You didn’t have to get me anything else.”

“It isn’t anything big.  It is just something I want to give you. Oh, our reservations are at the Mexican place by the theater.”

“Oh, I love that place.  Of course you knew that.”

 

“They do have the best combo plates!” JR said. “Did you decide what movie you wanted to see?”

“I really didn’t.  There are a couple that look Ok but I am not sure you would like them and I don’t want to see it if you don’t like it.”

“What one are you thinking about?” 

“It’s that new Halloween one.  I know you aren’t a fan of scary movies.”

“If I can hang onto your hand…”

“Are you sure? And of course you can hang onto my hand.  You’ve held a lot more than that before.” Gus smiled.

“That sounds like a good time.” JR was sure the movie would be fine with Gus next to him.

Gus carefully pulled into a parking spot. “Gus, why don’t you open this before we go in?” JR handed Gus the bag.  He had a fun card with a sweet personal note.  It said, ‘Hey, Gus, I don’t know what I would do without you. You are always there for me and even when I don’t know how to deal with something, you are there, by my side.  You are my best friend. Love ya’!’

“I love you, too, JR. Now, what’s in here?” Gus reached in and pulled out a keychain.  It said, ‘You have been my friend...That in itself is a tremendous thing’ (Charlotte’s Web).

“Oh, this is really cool.  How’d you get this? You just found out about the car today.” 

“When Dad Ted dropped Ray off today, I went with him and he took me to this cool place that only had keychains. You know I really am not sure where I would be if it wasn’t for you and your dads and of course Ted and Victor, now.  My mom would still be working in that crappy job and by now would have brought home another guy because she needed another income.  Now she is in school and my siblings are all safe.”

Gus was a little choked up but he pulled it together quickly and  said, “Let’s go eat.  We don’t want to be late for the movie.”


Aiden and Raymond picked a fast food restaurant and wanted happy meals.  While Brian went to pick up the food, Justin helped Raymond and Aiden build a ‘tent’ from blankets in the family room area. Justin used the coffee table for their eating table and they both had pillows to sit on. 

By the time Brian arrived, Justin had put a dish of ketchup on the table for their fries and some bbq sauce and honey mustard for their chicken nuggets. They each had milk to go with it. Brian and Justin had ordered sushi that Brian had picked up, too.

“Gentlemen,” Brian said to the boys in the tent. “My husband and I are going to eat in the formal living room.  Feel free to call if you need us.”

Aiden and Ray were giggling and Aiden said, “Ok, Daddy. Go on your date.” Ray and Aiden started laughing like only silly boys can do.  

Brian grabbed a couple beers and Justin found chopsticks and together they strode into the dining room.  Brian had left the bag in there and together they started pulling out the different sushi rolls they had ordered. They pulled out the wasabi and ginger along with the soy sauce and mixed a bit of this and that, the way they liked it.  They could hear the boys down the hall.  They were jabbering away but half the time Brian and Justin could hear they were talking with a full mouth.

“I love that sound.” Justin said to Brian.

“What sound is that?”

“The sound of laughter.” Justin smiled at Brian. “Who would have known a year ago that Ted and Victor would have two boys like us?”

“And after next week, after we finish with the judge we will be done worrying about everything.  Then we can start planning the new business and Christmas and New Year’s at the cabins.”

“And if the case goes in Daklin’s favor?” Justin asked and popped another roll in his mouth.

“If Daklin gets anything it shouldn’t be more than a few days here or there.  I will not believe any judge in family court would rule against us. Best scenario, Dak will get a couple days here and there but always in Pittsburgh.  Of course the very best thing would be that Dak would run back with his dick between his legs…”

“Brian, don’t give him that much credit.  It would never go between his legs.”

“Now, Justin, you usually aren’t catty.”

“Don’t mess with our kids. Speaking of kids, has it gotten quiet in there?” Their eyes met and they both got up and walked back to the family area. The boys were now laying on the floor playing a game. “Hey, guys, did you have enough to eat?” Justin asked.

“Yep, but can we have some dessert later? There is some left over from last night, right?”

“Sure, you can.  Just let us know when you are ready for it,” Brian responded. “We have a little more food to eat but we will be back in here soon.”

“It’s ok.  We know where to find you,” Raymond responded as he threw dice.

“I think we were just dismissed,” Justin said, taking Brian’s hand.  Let’s go finish the sushi. I’ll grab a couple more beers.”


Gus and JR were so full.   “How much time do we have before the movie starts?” JR asked.

“It starts in twenty five minutes. JR, do you care if we skip the movie? I am so full, I’d rather not just go sit.  We aren’t far from Liberty Avenue.  How about we go down there and find a place to park and we can go for a walk.”

“Is it safe?” JR asked a little nervously.

“Sure it is. It’s not that late.  It’s only around 8:00.  We can walk for a while.  Dad’s office is right off of Liberty. It’s fine.”

Gus found a place to park and locked his SUV.  “Your dad works down here?”  

 

“He does but next year he is moving into Kinnetik and it will be called Kinnetik and Associates.”

Together they walked.  They heard music coming out of different doorways.  They found a bench and sat down there while they both checked their phones. They watched people walk for a while. “Damn, I wish there was a bathroom around here.” JR shifted in his seat.

“I don’t have keys to Dad’s office but I know where we can go.” Gus pulled JR up and looped his arm in his.  “There’s a diner down here.  Brian hung out there quite a bit when he lived in the loft. We can always buy a soda or share a shake?”

“I couldn’t eat a whole one but I can share one,” JR and Gus strode up to the diner and into the door. JR made a beeline to the bathroom while Gus sat down by the counter.

Gus watched the older server turn around. “Can we have two…”

“Gus? Is  that you?”

“Do I ….Oh, I remember you.  Debbie, isn’t it?”

“Yes, I used to change your diapers when you were a baby.  What are you doing here? Don’t tell me you are following in your parents’ footsteps.”

“Oh, no, not that way.  It’s my birthday tomorrow and my friend and I went out for dinner and we decided we didn’t feel like going to a movie so we took a walk here.”

“Well, what can I get you two?”

JR came walking up.  “Debbie, this is JR. He is living with Ted and Victor. JR, this is Debbie.  She knew our dads when they were young.”

"It's nice to meet you," JR said to Debbie.

"Aren't you adorable! I heard Ted had a couple boys now."

"Yes, I really like living there. Could Gus and I have a chocolate peanut buter shake?"

"Two shakes coming up."

"No, please, just one. We are still really full but ice cream sounds good."

"Alright, boys. Why don't you take that booth over there?" She pointed to a booth that just opened up. "They are more comfortable than these stools."

"You have that right but I don't work that shift anymore," Debbie said, dropping next to Gus in the booth.  She looked at Gus.  You spent some time right in this booth in your car seat."

"I remember being here a couple times when I was little. I was maybe for or so?"

"Yes, before your moms moved to Canada for those few years, you used to come on Sundays for breakfast once in a while.  Sometimes you came with your moms and sometimes Brian would bring you."

"I have a vague memory of that but no details. Do you still work here all the time?"

"Gus, are you insinuating I am too old to work here?"

"No, I just thought I heard my dads talking.  I thought you had retired."

"Actually, I own the place now. I just filled in for a short shift and now I am heading home. I better call Carl. He doesn't like me walking alone anymore. It isn't because it is dangerous. It is because my night vision isn't as good as it used to be.

"We can walk you home, if you like," JR said.

"Or even better, I could drive you. My dads bought me a car for my birthday," Gus smiled.

'Well thanks. It isn't often I have two men take me home. You know, Gus, I have a box I'd like you to take home to your dad. Carl and I are moving soon and I am trying to get rid of some old stuff.  Michael looked through and took what he wanted but your dad might like a few things out of there.  He can throw away what he doesn't want."

They arrived at Gus' SUV and the drove Debbie home. Gus got out, "JR, why don't you stay here. I am just grabbing the box.

"Sure. I'll text both our folks and tell them we are starting to head home."G"Thank, JR."

"Hey Carl, I'm home."

"Why didn't you call?"

"I didn't walk home. Brian's boy drove me home."

Carl came into view, “Thanks, Gus.  That was nice of you.”

“No problem.”

“Here you are, Gus.” Debbie handed him a box. “Thank you for the ride.” Debbie kissed him on the cheek.  You remind me of your dad, but your heart isn’t stunted like his is.  I should say, was. Brian was very lucky to meet your dad and his heart finally learned what love is.”

“Ya, they still really love each other. I better go. JR’s waiting for me.”

“Nice seeing you, Gus,” Carl said as he closed the door behind him.

“I told our dads we would be home within about half an hour.”

Gus talked but noticed the longer the road the quieter JR got. “What’s up with you? Is your stomach upset?”

“No, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

JR took a deep breath. “Gus, I’ve been thinking about something.  I want you to listen to me and then you don’t have to answer me right away.  Just think about it.”

“Sure, JR. Do you want me to pull over?”

“No, I don’t think I could say it if you were looking at me. Gus, I know you aren’t gay but I also know you wouldn’t mind being with a guy on your terms. I mean we have been playing once in a while. Gus, would you be my first? I actually have found someone that I am interested in and he might be interested in me but I know he has had lots of experience and I want to know what it’s like with someone I know I trust.”

JR timed his request just as Gus pulled up to Ted and Victor’s. As soon as the vehicle stopped JR opened the door.  Gus reached and grabbed his hand, “JR, I will think about it. I might talk to my dads about it, if that’s ok.”

“Ya, I trust your dads.  I talked about it with my dads already and they said they were good with it if you agreed.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow, JR, and thanks for a fun night.” 

JR waved and shut the door.


“I wasn’t sure we would ever get those two to bed tonight.” Justin said as he handed one end of a blanket to Brian so they could fold it.  

“Good thing they are excited for the birthday party tomorrow. Once we told them we needed to straighten up they would go to bed.”

“It didn’t help that we gave them dessert as late as we did. They were on a little bit of a sugar high but once they got in bed they crashed.” Justin picked up the last blanket and looked around.  “They weren’t messy.  Now that the blankets are put away, it looks normal again.”

Brian poured them each a bourbon and they sat down.  “Since we know Gus will be home soon, we may as well enjoy the fire and wait for him.”

They sat silently sipping their drinks and enjoying the quietness and the crackling of the logs when they heard him pull up.  He pulled into a carport on the side of the house and he came in through the back door.

“Oh, I didn’t expect you to be up down here.”  Gus sat the box he got from Debbie down on the table.

“What do you have there?”

Gus grabbed a bottle of water and sat down next to his dads. “We decided not to go to the movie.”

“What have you been up to then?” 

“We went to Liberty Avenue.  Before you say anything.  It was early when we got there and then we went to the diner and talked to Debbie.”

“What was Debbie doing there? She shouldn’t be working, especially at night.” Brian said concerned.

“She had just filled in for a couple hours and she was going to call her husband to pick her up but I offered.”

“That was really nice, Gus.” Justin put his arm around his shoulder.

“And that box is a bunch of stuff she had for you.They are moving and she said this was some stuff you might like or at least have fun looking at it and she said anything you didn’t want you could just throw away.”

“We can store it in the hall closet until we have some free time,” Justin said looking at Brian.

“Dads, I have one more thing to talk to you about. JR asked if I could be his first sex partner.  He has a guy he’s interested in but he wants to know what it is like with someone he trusts. He said he talked to his dads about it and they were cool.  Do you think it’s a smart idea?”

“As long as you are both honest with each other about it, I don’t have a problem with it.” Brian looked at Justin.  

“I agree. It can be scary the first time so to have it with a friend is a great idea.”

“I have a lot of questions about this but it will wait until after next week.  I am too distracted right now to pop his cherry.  Do they call it that on a guy?”

“I don’t know if it is common but I have heard it used.” Justin pulled Gus to him and kissed his cheek. “I think we all need to get some sleep.  We have your mothers and their partners coming.”

“I messaged both of them and told them not to come if they couldn’t behave. I think they will be fine.  I don’t think they are friends but I don’t think they are enemies either.” Gus stood up and kissed Justin and then Brian.  “I will see you in the morning. Oh, and I love the car.  It is amazing.” Gus took the steps two at a time and went to his room.

“I think he has the right idea, Brian.  I am tired.” Justin stood and pulled Brian up.  “I can’t believe our little boy is going to be 17 tomorrow. He was Aiden’s age when I met him.”

“Ya, he is almost a grown man.” They flipped the switch to turn off the fireplace and checked all the doors before they walked to the steps. Brian looked at Justin, “And he is going to be one of the best men I have ever met.”

“We both have a right to be proud of him.  He is intelligent, loving, and honest.  I can’t think of anything that would make him better.”

Together they checked on the little boys and then entered the master. Once in bed, Brian pulled Justin into his arms.  “Good night, love.”

“Love you, Brian.”

“Oh, Justin, love you, too.”

 

 

End Notes:

 


 

Chapter 7 by Simply written

 

Chapter 7

 

"Shhhh, he is sleeping." Aiden leaned over Gus.

"Doesn't he know it's his birthday?" In a loud whisper Ray asked, looking over Aiden's shoulder. "Of course he does.  He just isn't little anymore and he did get his present already." 

"He was sleeping." Gus stretched.

"Did we wake you, Gus, I didn't mean to."

"It's fine, little bro.  Did you two have fun last night?"

"We made a tent by the fire," Raymond said.

"And we ate inside there and our dads ate with sticks in the fancy dining room."

Gus had to smile, "Well eating in a tent by the fire sounds great."

Justin peeked into Gus' room, "Um, Aiden, Ray, why don't you let Gus wake up at his own speed."

"Happy Birthday, Gus.  Is there anything I can make for you for breakfast?"

"Surprise me.  No, on second thought, how about pancakes and sausage."

"Ok, Aid and Ray, I will need some help." Justin moved out of the way as the boys ran past him.  "Sorry they woke you." Justin walked to Gus' bed and kissed his cheek.

"It's Ok."  Gus smiled.  "I like seeing those two together.  Aiden seems so happy when they are together.  They are so different and yet I think that's what makes them so close."

"I think you are very observant. Well, I am going to get that breakfast started."

"I'll be down in about ten minutes.  I am going to grab a shower."

"Don't rush, it will take at least 15 minutes to get it all together."

With that Gus was already heading into the bathroom. He stuck his head out and said, "Hey, Dad, I'm really hungry." 

Justin laughed as he walked out. "Is the birthday boy awake?" Brian asked.

"He is in the shower. I'm going to make sausage and pancakes for breakfast."

"I'll help," Brian said.  "Can I have buns for breakfast?" his hand moved over Justin's ass.  

Justin stopped at the top of the steps and wrapped his arms tightly around Brian's neck and kissed him.  "I am afraid that won't happen until tonight and after everything we are going to eat today, I really doubt you will want them."

"That has never bothered me before." Brian commented as Justin moved down the staircase. 

Justin was surprised to find the kitchen already filled with aromas.  There was sausage sizzling in the frying pan and Cass was stirring up a batter.  "I hope that batter is for pancakes."

"It is.  I know this is Gus' favorite."

"Well, what do you want me to do?"

"How about cutting up some fruit with a little sugar?"

"Sounds great!  I know we have frozen berries.  I'll warm them and add a little sugar." He pulled out a pan and threw the berries into it with a dash of sugar.  After adding a splash of vanilla and a pinch of salt. He tasted it.  "This will make a great topping."

"Big Daddy, do we have whipped cream?" Aiden asked as he climbed onto Brian's lap.  Brian patted the sofa next to him for Raymond but he shook his head no. He was still quite reserved when it came to getting close to men. 

"That's alright, my man," Brian held up his hand and Ray smiled shyly and high fived him.

Brian hugged Aiden a little tighter.  How could a grown man make a young boy feel like that? At least Ray was safe now and with Ted and Victor showing him an appropriate relationship between each other and the boys, Ray had a bright future.

Gus came into the kitchen. "It smells really good in here."

"Cass had most of it going when I got down here." Justin smiled at Gus.  "Breakfast is ready. Come and grab a plate."

Brian put one hand on Aiden's shoulder and the other very lightly on Ray's.  He was happy Ray didn't shrug it off.  "You two sit and I will grab your plates." Brian said, walking over to the stove where Justin and Cass made up plates.  Gus already had a plate filled with pancakes and sausage and he sat across from Aiden, putting a big scoop of berries along with a mound of whipped cream on top of the stack. Brian kissed the side of Justin's neck as he picked up the plates for the boys.

"I'll bring your plate, Brian." Justin said as Cass and he dished up their plates and Cass brought the remaining pancakes and sausages to the table. The group laughed and ate until they were all full.  Cass got up and started cleaning up. "Cass, you do not need to clean.  We will do that." Justin said.

"Thanks," she responded, "Gus, are you done? I have something in my apartment for you." 

"I am." They both slipped on jackets and as they stepped out Aiden ran over and pulled on Cass' hand.

"Cass, did you get my present wrapped?" Aiden asked.

"I did, Aiden.  I will bring it before the party." Cass said, bending down to his level.

"Thank you." Aiden said and kissed her cheek. 

Brian and Justin watched Gus and Cass walk to her apartment. Gus rested his hand on the small of her back. "Do you think we need to worry?" Brian asked, wrapping his arms around Justin from behind. 

"I am not sure. Do you ever get over your first love?" Justin turned into Brian's arms.

"I know I never will." Brian pulled Justin close and lowered his head so their lips were only millimeters apart.  "No lips have ever been so sweet." As their lips met, Brian's hands slid down until they rested on Justin's ass, pressing him tightly against him and both men's cocks strained to get out, to touch. 

Justin brought his mouth to Brian's ear.  "I love you so much."

When they separated, Aiden and Raymond were sitting on their knees on the sofa watching them.  Brian and Justin turned toward them and both boys giggled and then ducked down. "Let's get the kitchen cleaned up.  I think Lindsay said she would be here around noon because that is when the food will arrive."

"It was nice of her to take care of the food and that she allowed us to have the party here."  Justin said as he opened the dishwasher.

"Well, it would have been very hard for Mel to bring Monica to the house she shared with Lindz and now Lindz shares with Nick." As Justin loaded the dishwasher, Brian took Justin's hips and rubbed his hard cock against Justin's firm ass.  Brian kept an eye on the little boys who were involved in a cartoon.  He slid one hand to the front of Justin's crotch and as he moved his hand, Justin held on to the counter to keep his balance and pushed his ass back against Brian at the same time. Brian groaned softly as Justin started moving in a rhythm which he matched with his hand. Soundlessly, they came and then continued loading the dishwasher as if nothing happened.

 

"Cass, you didn't need to get me anything. As often as you help me with homework, I should get you something."

"Gus, we were not meant to be lovers but we are definitely meant to be friends. I can't tell you what that means to me." She handed him a box wrapped in silver paper. 

"It's heavy," he commented as he accepted the gift.  He looked up at her, smiled and then ripped the paper off.  "I love doing that."  He laid the box on his lap and pulled off the lid and found tissue paper.  "Really, Cass?" He smiled at her.  He pulled the tissue paper back and was surprised to find a book.  The title of the book was, ‘My Sweet Gus'.  The author simply said Cassandra. "What is this? Well, I know what it is but..."

"While I was in high school I started writing short stories and poems. Some of them were assignments but most of them were just what I did when I was alone and I was alone a lot. Most of them have never been read. I wanted to thank you for being such a great friend and put a few together in this."

"Cass, this is so cool!" He paged through it and looked at the titles. "Are you sure you want me to read these?"

"Gus, after what happened between us, I was afraid we could never be friends. You were so young, too young but you had the maturity to be able to go beyond and, well, I just wanted you to know how much you really do mean to me.  You truly are one of my best friends.  And after you read some of it, let me know, honestly, what you think of it."

Gus turned to her and hugged her tightly.  "Cass, that is really sweet.  I am really glad we stayed friends, too.  I don't know what my family would do without you."

Their eyes met and locked for several moments and then she moved toward him and kissed his cheek.  "Happy Birthday, Gus."

He stood, needing a little space from her. "I better get back and see if my dads need any help."

"I'll see you at 1:00."

Gus opened the door and turned back to Cass.  He held the book to his chest, "This is really cool.  I will definitely tell you how much I love them." He winked at her and then he was gone.

 

Lindsay and the caterer arrived at 12:15.  They had the food placed on the island counter. "I hope there is enough. Nick will be here in a little bit." Lindsay said as she put her arm around Gus.

"Mom, there aren't that many people coming.  It looks and smells great.  What is all of this?" Gus asked, looking at the covered food.

"There are chicken wings, a couple kinds of mac and cheese, there is some kind of fruit salad,  and green beans with bacon. Mel is bringing the cake and ice cream."

"And you are ok with her? Monica is coming, too, and if you two act like you did earlier..."

"Gus, we have come to terms. We will never double date but we're good." 

Gus kissed her cheek. "I'm glad, Mom.  I'll be back soon." He moved toward the steps and headed upstairs.

Brian walked over and hugged Lindsay. "How's it going, Lindz? Are you and Nick happy?"

"We really are, Bri.  He is a good guy."

"Gus said the same thing.  I hope you stay happy. And by the way, this smells great.  We had a big breakfast but that was a few hours ago."

"How is Aiden? Is this coming week the week?"

"Yes, Wednesday the judge will meet with our lawyers and the interested parties. I think he wants to see Aiden on Thursday.  Gus is insisting on coming every day."

"You and Justin have done such a good job straightening him up."  

"He did it himself." The doorbell rang and Brian went to answer it.  "Hey, come on in," Brian said as Ted, Victor, and JR walked in. "Gus is in his room." With a wave, JR went up the stairs.

As the men walked into the kitchen area they heard small feet coming down the steps and Raymond and Aiden ran in. Raymond made a beeline to Ted and Victor but then stopped short.  His little mind was churning.  The adults could almost hear it say, ‘They are men.  Men can be scary but these men aren't scary'.  And just that quickly he ran to Ted and Victor and threw his arms around both of their waists.  In unison they dropped down and pulled him into their arms and each of his arms went around one of their necks. 

Justin walked over to Aiden and put his hands on Aiden's shoulders, as he blinked rapidly.  They all knew Raymond had not been open to physical contact but today that seemed to have melted away.  He knew he was safe, and more important, he knew he was loved. Gus and JR walked in and JR walked over to his family and joined the hug. When the doorbell rang, Gus went and answered the door.  Not only were Mel and Monica there with cake and ice cream, Molly and her family, as well as Jenn and Joe were pulling up.

Gus greeted all of them.  As Jenn and Joe walked up, Gus kissed Jenn's cheek and said, "Glad you could make it, Joe."

"Thanks, Gus.  I am glad to be here." 

Jenn softly said, "Gus, we have a question for you." 

"Sure, Grandma, what is it?"

"If you want us to hold off, we can wait but as of last night, we are engaged but it is your birthday and we don't want to steal your thunder."

"That is so cool, Grandma.  Let's go in and tell them!"

"Why don't you tell them?" Jenn said as she linked her fingers with Joe.

"Sure, let's go!"  Gus led them to the main room where everyone was hanging out and Gus spoke loudly, "Hey, everyone, I have an announcement." Everyone stopped talking and turned to Gus.  "Grandma Jenn and Joe are engaged!"

A cheer went up and everyone surrounded the couple.  Cass came up next to Gus and softly said, "You Ok with them announcing this at your party?"

"Oh, sure, Grandma asked me if I would rather they wait.  I am excited for them."

"You are special, Gus." She kissed his cheek.

"Now, I'm hungry!  Let's eat!"

Soon everyone was sitting around with plates of food and happy voices filled the room.  After eating lunch it was time for Gus to open his gifts.

Lindsay and Nick gave Gus a gift certificate to a gaming store while Mel and Monica had gotten him the exclusive shoes he had wanted so badly.  There were gifts from  Molly and Jenn, and Ted and Victor gave him multi gift certificates to have his vehicle detailed several times.  "Thank you, everyone.  You all made my birthday so great.  I love you all!"  He walked around and hugged most of them before the candles were lit on his cake.  Molly's daughter, Tasha, Aiden and Raymond sat on the opposite side of the table and after they sang offkey and Gus blew out the candles, Gus put both index fingers and a thumb in the frosting on the edge and touched a finger on each of the children's noses.  They all laughed and as the boys used a finger to wipe it off the other boy's nose and licked it off their own finger, Tasha giggled and wiped the frosting off her nose and popped it in her mouth. Then they each got a piece of cake and then the cake was passed to everyone.

JR spent a lot of time talking to Cass as Gus said goodbye to people as they got ready to leave. And the house was quiet.  Ted and Victor and their boys were the only ones left.  They lit the fire pit in the backyard.  The sun was starting to get low in the skies and the boys, who were getting tired after all the fun, were playing a game on a tablet while the men sipped drinks.  When they were sure the little boys weren't listening, Victor started the conversation they wanted to have.  "Did Gus talk to you?"

"He did," Brian responded. "We wanted to know your thoughts about all this."

"He is a 17 year old boy who is intrigued by sex, surprise, surprise." Ted chuckled.  "If Gus is a willing participant, I think it is a great idea.  They would both be new to this."

"My only concern is," Justin said as he curled next to Brian, "JR might be hurt if he starts thinking with his heart."

Victor smiled at Justin, "Thank you for worrying about him.  I am very sure he understands this correctly.  He trusts your son, probably more than anyone in this world."

"Gus has asked a couple questions," Brian commented.  "If you are good with it, we will let the boys see how it plays out.  I am sure Gus will ask more questions because he won't want to hurt JR in any way." Brian kissed Justin's head. "We will let him know what to expect and I am sure you will do the same."

"Yes, and then we will see where it goes from there." Ted pointed to the little boys who had fallen asleep in the chair they shared.  "It looks like we have a boy to take home.  After a bath it will be time for him to go to bed after having such a fun weekend."

And then the house was quiet. While Brian and Justin helped Aiden get ready for bed, Gus slipped into his room.  He really wanted to read the book Cassie gave him.  He read a couple short poems at the beginning and then flipped through it.  

When he got near the end he saw where the name of the book came from, ‘My Sweet Gus' was the name of the last entry.   Gus read it through twice.  It was a poem that was completely about him.  It talked about his love of life and his love of family but then focused on why he was the best friend you could have.  "Damn," he said softly as he pulled out his phone.  ‘Not done but loving the book.  You are the one who is special.'

Cass received the message from Gus. She knew it wasn't their time and she wouldn't wait around but someday, if they were both free, she would like to try again.

 

Brian, Justin, and Gus drove to the courthouse and walked up to family court.  They sent Aiden to school but Cass was on standby to pick him up if he was needed.  Jenn had already arrived and was talking to Mel.  They all kissed Jenn and Mel.  "Has he arrived already?" 

"Yes, they are already inside," Mel commented.  

"Did you talk to him?"  Justin asked.

"I spoke to Mr. Clampet for a moment and the dickhead just stood there. When I think about that sweet boy eating birthday cake yesterday, I get so mad at the thought he..."

"Mel, that isn't going to help anything," Brian said calmly, putting his hand on her shoulder.  "We know you care. Let's get this going."

They walked in the room.  It didn't look like a typical courtroom.  It was smaller than they expected and once Brian, Justin, and Mel sat down at their table, Justin was sure she could feel Dak's eyes on him.  He should have never left Brian but he had, for a short time, loved the man.  Dak did have a magnetism.  nothing like Brian's but something had attracted Justin to him.

The judge walked in and sat down at a desk in the front of the room. "Well, everyone, we are here to make a decision over the custody of a young child, Aiden Taylor Kinney. I want to give you an idea how this is going to go.  I have notes from both sides which I have reviewed.  From what I could figure out, the fathers separated before the child was a year old.  It was soon after that Mr. Taylor left with the infant. Mr. Daklin admits that he did not play much of a role in his son's life that first year and felt a bit pressured when Mr. Taylor reunited with his successful ex-husband. At the time, he didn't feel financially stable so  he signed  his parental rights over to Mr. Taylor and Mr. Kinney.  He now has means and would like partial custody of the child. I understand there are more components.  The child has a severe illness that has to be monitored closely.  Mr. Daklin now has the financial stability to hire help if needed."

Mel started  to stand when the judge said, "Ms. Marcus, please hold off. You will get your chance. I have a side note that while Mr. Taylor and Mr. Kinney have high pressure jobs, Mr. Daklin is now retired and would be able to be with his son every day."  The judge then went through the legal options in the case. 

At that point the judge asked to see the two lawyers in the office. At this point Victor slipped into the room and came up to the family while Dak sat alone. Justin kissed Brian's cheek and softly said, "I need to go talk to him."

"Justin, don't..." Brian started to say but Justin had already moved away.

"Dak. Why are you doing this?"

"Justin, this isn't anything against you. You have a beautiful family even if you have an over aggressive husband."

"You have no idea what Aiden goes through.  You are a total stranger and you want our son to just leave with you.  And ‘us' has nothing to do with you."

"Do you remember how we looked for a surrogate and found the perfect one? We were so happy and wanted a family so badly."

"I do but I also remember how as soon as we had Aiden you disappeared. Did you ever change his..." Justin stopped when he heard the door open behind him and, without completing the sentence he moved back to Brian.

"Alright," the judge said.  "After the conversation we just had we are going to break right now so your lawyers can tell you what was discussed and then you can take lunch.  I will see you back here at 1:15.  I have another case to hear and then will have lunch myself." The judge walked out of the room. Dak and his lawyer walked out and then Mel led the group out of the room and into a small meeting room across the hall.

"FUCK," Mel called out when the door was shut. "Clampet is a shark. He asked for a visitation with Aiden this evening and went into a sob story about how his client didn't have a chance to get to know his son since they live on the other side of the country.  Basically, if you refuse, the judge will order it."

"Ms. Marcus," Victor spoke up calmly.  "Would it work to our advantage if they invited Mr. Daklin and Mr. Clampet to their home? That way they can keep an eye on Aiden and they seem to be working with him.

No one could read Mel's face at first but then she smiled, "Victor, please call me Mel.  I think that might be a great solution.  It will also give them a chance to see your family dynamics. Justin wouldn't have loved someone who was totally heartless. Oh, dickhead, did you ever hear from the guy that was checking into something for you?"

"He is calling tonight.  His contact was in a minor accident but was going to be back today.  He will call me later today. The time difference makes it more difficult."

"Call me as soon as you get that report.  Go to lunch. I am going to write up the proposition of dinner at your place for the judge." Mel walked over to Gus and kissed her son. "I'll do my best, Gus."

"I know you will, Mama." Gus hugged his mom longer than she expected. "Love you." 

"Gus, I will do everything I can for your brother."

"I know you will, Mama."

With that everyone but Mel left and Mel opened her computer and started typing.

Justin hung back and put an arm around Gus.  "No matter what happens this will work out."

"I know, but why does Lil Bro have everything go against him?"

"I know it seems like that but, Gus, he has an amazing big brother that loves him so much.  We'll work this out."  Gus put his arm around Justin's shoulder and leaned his head against Justin's as they walked out of the building. 

The group walked to a nearby deli.  They had just sat down when Mel texted.  She asked where they were eating and when she found out, she asked them to order a sandwich for her.  She would be there shortly.

Melanie walked in just as the food was being delivered and sat down in the empty chair next to Brian. She dug into the sandwich without saying anything while everyone watched her. "Stop already.  All I did was type up the dinner invitation and left it with the judge's clerk to pass it on.  The judge will pass it on.  I think I should be there, too, because I am sure Clampet will be there."

"No," Justin said firmly.  "We invited them to our home.  We will not mention the case.  It will strictly be a way for Aiden to meet Dak in a comfortable place, his home.  I will not have him get between a war of words."

"But his lawyer will be there!  I..."

Brian looked at her, "One lawyer will have no one to argue with." He said with a clipped tone but then he turned toward Mel. "I know you want what's best for our boy, but we need to do this our way."

She opened her mouth but then closed it again and nodded.  "You two obviously have much better parenting skills than I do but please, promise you will not talk about the case. With his lawyer there I don't want anything said that I didn't hear."

Justin  leaned around Brian and looked at her, "Mel, we will not be talking about the case. If they try, they will be leaving and I think Dak will want to stay as long as he can." 

They all finished eating and Gus with his mom, and Victor with Jenn, walked ahead of Brian and Justin.  Brian was walking slowly making the space between them and the other four greater.  "Brian, is something wrong? Is there a reason we are moving so slow?"

Brian stopped and moved close to the building so they weren't in the middle of the sidewalk. "Did Daklin say something to you when you went over there?"

"Not really.  He said we had a beautiful family even if my husband is aggressive."

"Are you sure? And now having him at the house?"

"Brian, you know I love you with all my heart, right?" Justin kissed him.  

"I do, Justin. I don't doubt that but you loved him, too.  You chose to marry him."

"I am not going to lie, seeing him has stirred up some memories but, baby," he stroked Brian's cheek, "I also realized that there is no way to compare the love Dak and I had to what we have. When we aren't together I swear I always feel you. If Dak didn't have a kind side I would not have fallen for him."

Brian wasn't sure if this conversation was making him feel any better. "We better get back to the group.  We can't be late."

"Brian," Justin caught his attention and kissed him.  One of his hands moved to the back of Brian's neck and the kiss deepend. Justin slid his body against Brian. "I love you, Mr. Kinney.  There will never be another."

Brian smiled down at him, "I love you. I am just..."

"I know.  You love our sons. You love me. You want what's best for all of us." They linked their fingers and headed to the courthouse.  "Brian, do you have any idea what time you will hear from Cal?"

"No but I don't think it will be too late.  I will just excuse myself if it comes during the meal.  We will say I'm waiting for a business call. It is business, just not from work."

 

Back in the courtroom they waited for Dak and Clampet to enter along with the judge. Clampet was not excited about the ‘family dinner' but Dak agreed to it.  The remainder of the afternoon Victor spoke.  He was asked to explain the details of Aiden's disease. He told them how Aiden could not be as active as most kids and that his health was always fragile.  He mentioned the blood transfusion and even when Aiden seemed to be doing well he often had a setback soon after.  

"So, Dr. Girard, is Aiden on medication?"

"Yes, and without it he would soon need hospitalization and transfusions would have to be done on a regular basis.  He is a boy full of love and life but he isn't able to do what every other child his age can."

After that the lawyers had an opportunity to ask him any questions.  Melanie asked Victor to clarify a couple things but then it was Clampet's turn. "Doctor, am I correct that you are a friend of the family?"

"Yes, that's right."

"You wouldn't have adjusted the boy's records to make it seem more serious than it is, would you?"

Victor turned toward the judge, "Your honor, I am not going to dignify that with a response."

"Mr. Clampet, Dr. Girard's integrity isn't at question here."

"Alright, your honor. Doctor, is this condition something he might outgrow?"

"Sadly, no, unless research comes through.  The medication Aiden is on has only been around for about seven years. Without that he would be on regular transfusions. He is a fragile young man who has only done as well as he has because of all the people that love him.  His grandmother lived on the property for part of his life and now they have a nanny that is always available. Justin didn't work when he was really young and Brian has treated him as his own since the day I met them."

Soon the judge called it a day. Victor excused himself to do rounds at the hospital. Justin walked over to the other table.  "I would like to prepare Aiden before you arrive but if you would like to arrive around 5:00 that should work.  We will plan on eating at 6:00 so that will give you an hour and the weather is nice so he may like to go in the yard with you.  Depending on how he feels you can read together or play on the playset back there. We won't know how he will feel until he gets home. And I want you to be aware he is usually in bed before 8:00 when he has school the next morning." 

"So I will have about an hour with him and then the meal?"

"Dak, that is what it is like when you have kids. Especially if the child has a life threatening condition."

"Yes, of course. We will be there at 5:00. And Justin, thank you for starting to be reasonable."

Justin bit his tongue and  when Dak was out of earshot, he blew. "I can't believe I invited that man to our house.  I ... " Brian pulled him close and Gus and Jenn joined them.  

Jenn kissed her son, "Do you want me to come and help with dinner?"

"No, Mom.  Go home to Joe. Cass has already started preparing some things.  She has probably just picked up the boys.  She will focus on them until we get home.  Gus, do you mind bringing Ray home?  He is at our place."  Justin had pulled himself together and was back in control.  Looking at the circle of family around him he said, "I will be fine.  He always did know how to push my buttons.  I cannot have that attitude because if Aiden does spend time with him, he cannot be wary of him."  

Brian kissed him, "And just another reason I love you so much.  You always put others ahead of yourself." 

Justin looked up at him, "Not always but you are always my first thought and then knowing you are there, it is easy to think of others because I know you are thinking of me. Now that was a lot of rubbish but together you and I are always at our best." That was when they realized they were standing alone.  Gus had walked Jenn to her car and was waiting for them at their SUV.  "Looks like Gus is ready to go home. He's right, we should get going."

Brian kissed him once more and then, taking his hand, they walked together to the vehicle. Brian tossed the keys to Gus. "You drive.  Your father and I have things to do."

"Just keep your clothes on, please! Oh, and hands on top of the clothes."  When they were all in the vehicle Gus drove them home while Brian and Justin kissed and touched all the way. By the time they got home they both felt better.  They both had gained strength and assurance that everything would be alright.

By 5:00 Justin had explained to Aiden who Dak was and why he was coming. "Daddy, I don't have to go anywhere with him, do I?"

"No, Aiden, that's why we invited him here.  We will all be here with you and even though Dak isn't my favorite person anymore, he will be very nice to you, I promise."

"And I will be nice to him." Aiden hugged Justin.

"Aid, you are nice to everyone."

"Do I have to go to court tomorrow? I think you will probably come in the afternoon but it will just be you and the judge.  Just so he can ask you a few things."

"Ok," Aiden said as he walked outside where GC was ready to play fetch.

When the doorbell rang Brian and Justin answered it together, as a show of unity. "You are right on time." Justin said as Dak and his attorney walked in.  Dak, if you want to follow me I can take you to Aiden.  Mr. Clampet, I think it is important for my son and Dak to be alone for a bit.  You can have a seat in the family room or if you would like more privacy, you can use the wifi. If you have your computer with you, I put the wifi password on the table there.

"Justin, why don't you take Dak back to Aiden.  I will make sure Mr. Clampet gets settled." Brian smiled at Justin and Justin nodded as he started walking toward the kitchen and family room.  "Dak, he is a very sweet boy.  Please remember that.  He will probably need to come in soon.  It is chilly out there but GC loves to play."

Daklin looked at the large dog, "GC?"

"It stands for Gray Cub.  At our mountain house there are wolves and the first time up there we had taken care of one so when we got a dog for Gus it was GC and this is actually GC2.  He won't be a problem unless he thinks you are threatening Aiden. I'll introduce you."   Justin walked out to the backyard with Dak at his side. "Hey Aid, this is the friend I told you about."

"Hi, Aiden.  Everyone calls me Dak."

Aiden walked over and extended his hand, "Nice to meet you."

Dak smiled, "It is nice to meet you." Dak shook the small hand. Justin slipped back in the house where he could have a clear view but give them some privacy.  He was sure GC would watch out for Aiden.  Justin watched them talking as he worked on dinner with Cass at his side.

As they worked side by side Cass said softly, "Everything will turn out fine.  Aiden is so bright, the judge will see he could only belong here." As she said that, Aiden and Dak walked in.  Dak helped Aiden with jacket and hung it up on the hook Aiden pointed to.  Aid then led him to the sofa where he showed him a bunch of his books and games and they started playing a game.   "I'll be heading out, if you got the rest of this?"

"Ya, thanks for everything.  I am sorry I can't invite you to join us."

"Justin, I have to admit, I'm glad I don't have to stay but if you need anything..."

"Thanks, Cass.  We'll be fine." 

Gus, who had been up in his room, came down and helped Justin set the table and then Brian came in to help.  "Daddies, is dinner ready? I'm hungry and Mr. Dak and I are done with our game." 

"Give us two minutes.  I am just taking out the main dish.  You can come to the table. Brian, can you get Mr. Clampet?"

Brian walked to get him without responding.  "Clampet, dinner is ready."

"Mr. Kinney, can I ask a question?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"How unstable is your husband?"

"My husband isn't unstable in any way!"

"That's not what his doctor in Seattle told us?"

"Are you kidding me? You are going to bring in old notes.  It has been five years since he saw that  doctor. I am almost sure those notes were interpreted by you and not the doctor.  If you say one word that upsets my son or my husband..." 

Clampet moved around Brian and walked toward the kitchen and just as he did, Brian's phone rang.  Brian answered it and told Cal to hold one minute.  He showed Justin the phone and went down the hall. While Justin had their guests take a seat and the boys sat next to each other, Brian talked to Cal in the office. 

"I bet this doesn't happen every night," Mr. Clampet commented.

"Most nights it does," Gus said with a touch of attitude. 

"We always have good dinners.  We have pizza once in a while but usually Daddy or Cass  cooks really good stuff for us." Aiden smiled over at Dak.  "Mr. Dak, were you and my daddy really married?"

"Yes we were. But your daddy..." he looked at Justin's expression, "Your daddy decided he wanted to come back to his first husband."  Justin knew that wasn't what he had planned to say.  He wondered if that lawyer had bumped him under the table.  Everyone was quiet as they ate for a few moments.

 

Brian said, "Sorry about that, Cal.  Daklin just arrived. He is having dinner here along with his lawyer."

"At your house? Well whatever.  Clampet actually has a good reputation here.  He wins most of his cases and as far as I could tell he does it legally. But that isn't what is important.  I think I have found what you were looking for."  Cal quickly told Brian what he had found out.  "In the next half hour I should be able to get the papers emailed to you and your lawyer."

"Cal, that is amazing! I hate to cut this short but I need to get to my dinner.  I will call you tomorrow when we have our victory."

"I can't wait.  Enjoy your family, Brian." And with that Cal ended the call.  

Brian texted Mel to be on the look out for the document and then went to join his family.  Brian made his apologies and sat down.  "Big Daddy, did you get what you wanted on the phone call?"

"You bet I did, Aiden." Brian took a big bite, "Now this is really good." He leaned over and kissed Justin. "Thanks, love."

Polite chatter continued through the meal although a little strained at times.  By the time they finished eating, Aiden had climbed onto Gus' lap and Gus wrapped his arms around him.  Justin smiled at his boys, "Gus would you mind taking him up and start running his bath.  One of both of us will be up in a few minutes."

Gus stood, "Come on, Lil Bro.  Let's get you ready for bed."

Mr. Clampet watched the boys leave the room.  "I don't get the feeling that isn't just for show.  They love each other.  That is very obvious."

"Yes, they do." Brian said flatly.

"Dak, I think it is time to leave so the young boy can get some sleep."

"Sure, Justin, can I talk to you for a minute?" Dak asked. "I'll meet you in the car shortly."

Justin followed Dak to the front hall. "I just wanted to thank you for the invitation and Aiden is an adorable boy.  He is going to love Seattle." Before Justin could say a word, Dak had slipped out.

Brian walked up to Justin, "What did he say?"

"He said Aid will love Seattle."

Brian tightened his arms around Justin, "Don't worry, Justin.  By now Mel has everything she needs to string him up and if Cal is correct about Mr. Clampet, he may just walk out when she discloses what was discovered.  Let's go put our boy to bed and I'll fill you in when we get to bed." He kissed Justin and led him upstairs.

 

While Justin spent time with Aiden, Brian went to Gus' room. "How's it going?" he asked his oldest son.

"That slimeball does not deserve one minute with Aiden. Dad, Aiden is so sweet and that guy..."

Brian hugged Gus, "This will all be over tomorrow. Your mom will take care of this."

"You're sure, Dad?"

"I'm sure. Gus." Gus held onto him tightly for several moments.

"Thanks, Dad. That judge has to see through that guy."

"We love you, Gus.  I hope you don't feel neglected in all this."

"No, Dad, you two need to do everything you can for Aid right now."

 

Brian walked back to the master.  He peeked at Aiden and he was asleep and alone so he walked on to the master. "Brian, what did Cal find out?"  Brian walked over and began to undress Justin. "Brian, you're killing me!"

"Well, you are going to die in pleasure then." Brian undid Justin's zipper and  pulled his pants down. He guided his naked husband to the bed and laid him down.  In a few moments he was naked and he joined him.  

Starting at Justin's mouth, he kissed him until Justin began to squirm and then he began to work lower. By the time he took Justin's hard-on in his mouth, Justin groaned.  Brian moved back up and bringing his mouth to Justin's mouth, he said, "I want you tonight.  I want to feel you inside me."

"Justin was so close to cumming he had no time to prepare him. He moved one of Brian's legs to the other side and then he moved the other one up. As he did, he moved directly into Brian.  Brian called out at the initial pain but quickly went into pleasure mode. He loved watching Justin's face as the pleasure grew deep in the pit of his body.  He couldn't think straight as Justin pounded into him and then as Justin began to spasm, Brian came all over Justin's chest.

Justin dropped onto him and Brian wrapped his arms around him. "Damn, you may turn me into a bottom. You are so amazing."

"That's only because I love you so much."

"Let's go take a bath.  It is still early.  I can tell you about my phone call."

"Brian,  I want you first.  I want you buried fast and furious and..." Justin's hand only stroked him a couple times before he was again ready. Brian flipped Justin over and Justin got on his knees with chest on the mattress. Brian followed his directions and drove in fast and hard but then he slowed and took his time, completing long powerful strokes until Justin came and he followed closely.

Together they got out of the bed and moved to the bathroom.  All of the sudden they were both physically drained  but mentally had never felt closer. After Brian got comfortable, Justin got in and sat between Brian's thighs. As he leaned back against Brian's chest, Justin said, "Bri, what did you find out?"

"Let me tell you all about it, love." Brian kissed Justin's neck and began to repeat what Cal had told him.


 

Chapter 8 by Simply written

Chapter 8


Brian woke up a little stiff from the activity the night before.  “Damn, I’m getting old,” he mumbled as he sat on the edge of the bed.  Then he thought about the night they shared and he decided it was well worth the discomfort. Justin slid up behind him and moved his hand from Brian’s shoulders and then under his arms to rest on his pecs. He ran his tongue down below his ear lob.

“I love you,” Justin whispered softly.

“I know you do.  I love you, too, but right now I think we need to shower and then get our son ready for court.  I know he will just be talking with a therapist and it is someone trained for this.”

“Yes.  Melanie said Aiden would be interviewed and while that happens she will talk to the judge about what was discovered and the judge may call Seattle to verify some of it.  If it wasn’t for the time difference we would probably be done by noon but it will be this afternoon before he can state his decision.”

As they talked they walked to the shower.  Once they finished they dressed and went to check on their boys.  Justin held up his hand as Brian walked up behind him and put his finger to his lips.

“This is the perfect shirt, Aiden.  This is one of my favorite ones.” Gus’ voice came from the slightly opened door.

“That’s probably because you gave it to me.” Aiden’s cheery voice said.

“Well, I want my little brother to be as fly as I am,” Gus commented.  

Brian and Justin could hear what they thought was Gus helping put the shirt on.

“Gus, I’m a little scared. I don’t know what I am supposed to do today.”

Brian and Justin heard more movement in the room and peeked in to see Gus sitting with Aiden on his lap.  “You know, Aiden, you just have to be honest and I don’t know if I can come in with you but Cass or I will always be outside the door, alright? Our dads might have to be somewhere else in the building but Cass and I will be as close to you as we can.” By now Brian had wrapped Justin in his arms.  

“I love you, Gus.”

“I love you, too, Lil’ Bro.”  

Now Brian and Justin made their presence known.  “You two are looking good.” Brian said, still draped around Justin.  “What do you think of going out to breakfast? We have plenty of time and that way we don’t have to worry about cleaning up.”

“Can I have French toast?” Aiden asked.  “With bacon? And strawberries?”

“Sure you can.  Pancake House here we come.” Justin picked up Aiden and carried him down the stairs.

“Daddy, I can walk by myself.”

“I know but pretty soon you will be too big for me to carry.”

Brian and Gus followed.  Brian draped his arm around Gus’ neck, “You know if I had had a big brother like you, I would be such a better person.” 

“Dad, I’m sorry you had such a shitty life.” 

Brian kissed his cheek, “Damn, I love you.”

Cass was waiting for them downstairs and the five of them left for their day.

An hour later they sat at a table full of empty plates, glasses, and cups. “Well, I think it is time to get going.” Justin said after looking at the time on his phone. “Aiden, we heard Gus say he was going to be as close as he can during your appointment.  Is that Ok with you so Big Daddy and I can be near the judge’s office?”

“That’s fine, Daddy.  I’m fine if Gus is nearby. Oh, and Cass.”

Cass smiled over to him, “I have no place I would rather be than with the two of you.” She put up her hand and he high-fived with her. 

Soon Brian and Justin had Aiden checked in and, although it probably wasn’t necessary, they were glad Gus and Cass were waiting for Aiden.  In case he needed them, they were there.  

Aiden held Gus’ hand as he walked down the hall to a playroom.  Gus got on one knee and looked at Aiden, putting his hands on his shoulders.  “You know where Cass is waiting? One of us will always be there if you need us so that is only a couple seconds away from you.”

“I’m good, Gus. You can go talk to Cass.” Gus kissed his cheek and then stood and looked at the woman who was the therapist, “We will be right down the hall if he has any problems.”

“I understand this bright young man has some health issues. If I have any questions I will ask,” she assured Gus.

“Thank you.” Gus felt comfortable leaving Aiden with this woman.  He was nearby and he knew Aiden would come get him if he didn’t feel safe or started feeling sick.  All this stress wasn’t good for him.  Gus walked down the hall and sat down next to Cass. “He’ll be fine.” Cass knew Gus was trying to convince himself of that statement.

Cass didn’t say anything but took Gus’ hand and they sat silently.   


Brian and Justin met Mel at the judge’s office.  Mel had given the judge the documents from Seattle.  She had already spent time reviewing the details with him and now the judge’s assistant was checking on the details of it and they all knew, although they probably could check some of it on files they had access to, they wouldn’t be able to talk to anyone for at least two hours on the west coast.

Brian and Justin sat down on a bench while Melanie went to check on something for another case.  “I haven’t seen Clampet and Dak this morning,” Justin commented.

“I am guessing they were told to come in later this morning since Aiden had this appointment this morning and there really wasn’t any other reason for them to be around.  Which is really a good thing since the  judge’s office was researching some things.”

“At the beginning of the evening last night I almost felt a bit sorry for Dak.  It doesn’t seem to have any friends and I know he doesn’t really have a family.  But as dinner continued, I started to feel the digs and as he left the comment about Seattle was definitely a turn of the knife in my heart.”

Brian had draped his arm around Justin’s shoulder and then pulled him closer, kissing his temple.  “I think what Cal sent will…” Brian stopped talking as Mr. Clampet walked up.

“Do you have any idea what’s going on? The judge called me in but said to come alone.”

“Clampet, I think you are a good guy but I can’t fill you in.  I am sure the judge will fill you in.”

“I want you to know Mr. Daklin’s true character has been creeping out since we arrived.  Mr. Taylor, I don’t know what he said to you as we left last night but I can assure you if I knew he was going to do that, I would have stopped him, or tried to.”  Justin and Brian stood and offered their hands to Mr. Clampet,  He shook both of them. “It is so obvious how much you love both your sons and how much they love you.  A true loving father would not want to disrupt Aiden’s life.  I want you to know that I told him he should ask for a weekend quarterly and that they would take place in Pittsburgh or in a place you agree on so that you are close by.”

“Thank you, Mr. Clampet.  My source was right about you. You are a good man.”

“You can’t give me a clue as to what your source found? It would be nice to know before the judge lays it out.”

“Has he told you how he made his money?”

“He just said he did well at one of his jobs. There was no reason for me to check into it once his payment cleared.  And just to let you know, I do my share of pro bono cases but this wasn’t a pro bono case.”

“Well, I hope you have gotten most of your money out of him. I have a feeling he may have some of his assets frozen soon, at least while authorities out there do a little more investigation.” Brian commented.

“You have me curious but I am heading to the judge’s office now. I am guessing he will explain it to me.” Mr. Clampet  said. “Thanks for giving a bit of a head’s up.”  He moved down the hall and knocked on the judge’s door.


Gus and Cass had each taken alternate breaks so one of them was always there in case Aiden finished up.  Cass walked into the office where Gus was still waiting for Aiden.  She knew the look on his face.  He hadn’t left the room and he needed to stretch.  “Go take a short walk.  I’ll wait for him.  You know this is a good sign.  If they had come for you right away it would mean he was stressed.”

“I know.  I just feel so helpless through all this.  I am his big brother and I am supposed to…” he stopped talking and Cass reached out and put her hand on his chest over his heart. Just as he laid his hand on top of Cass’ hand he heard something behind him and he knew the little feet he heard was Aiden.  He leaned down and scooped him up, resting him on his hip.  Aiden whispered something to Gus and he turned to Cass. “Could you take him to the restroom while I talk to the therapist?”

“Come here, Big Guy.  We will meet Gus back in the hall.” Cass carried him out of the room.

Gus turned to face the therapist, “It’s Gus, isn’t it?”

“Yes, mam.”

“Your brother is a delight.  I don’t know if I have ever met a more well adjusted child. He is wise beyond his years and yet he knows how to be a kid. I will send my report to the judge in a few minutes. I am not saying your brother couldn’t handle being away from his family but it is obvious that he loves his home and those in his life love and protect him.” She saw the serious look on Gus’ face. “Don’t worry, Gus, even if Mr. Daklin gets some visitation, I will not recommend him being removed for any amount of time from your family. That would be detrimental to your brother.”

“Thank you.  That is great news.  I better go and check on my dads and see if they have seen the judge yet today.”  Gus rushed out of the room and down the hall where Aiden and Cass were waiting.

“I texted Brian and he said we should just wait here.  They expect to be down in a few minutes but they were just asked to go see the judge.”

“Gus, can we go out on the steps? I’m tired of being in this building.” 

“Sure! Cass, could you text Brian and tell him where we are?” 

“Done, let’s tie your jacket, Aid, and go play outside.”


Brian and Justin walked into the judge’s chambers. “Gentlemen, please take a seat.” The judge opened a bottle of water and sat down behind his desk. “I am sure you saw Mr. Clampet come and go today.  I wanted to make sure he had no idea how Mr. Daklin came into his wealth. I believe he was telling the truth and had no idea about any previous activity of his client.  I had the police email me the documentation that just came to light and shows that your ex made his money by blackmailing his former boss who he knew was involved in illegal activity.”  The judge looked from Justin to Brian.  “When he gets back to Seattle, he will be under investigation and may be arrested.”  The judge’s email sounded and he stopped talking as he read it.  “It looks like the child therapist has nothing to say but positive things about your son and your family in general.”  Both Brian and Justin sighed in relief. “I told Clampet to be back with Daklin here at 1:30.  Would it be possible for you to be back around 1:15 so I can meet with your sons for a few minutes.  I would rather not have you in the room but I am told your sons are close so if Gus can come with him, will he be comfortable?”

Brian and Justin assured him that would be fine and they would be back at 1:15 before they left the office.  Once in the hall, Justin turned to Brian and kissed him.  “I understood that all, didn’t I? He basically threw the case out and Dak isn’t going to be able to try again?”

“Yes, Justin, I think the judge just threw it all out and will be telling Dak he’s in trouble.”  Together they rushed down the steps and found the boys and Cass on the front steps of the courthouse. 

Aiden ran over and hugged both his dads. “Hey dads, what are we going to do now?”

“We are going to find some lunch. What is everyone hungry for?” Brian said as he picked Aiden up. 

“I want mashed potatoes,” Aiden said.

“Dad, the diner isn’t far from here.  They would have mashed potatoes.”

“That is a great idea.” Brian looked at his phone and made a call.  “What’s the special?” they heard him say. Pause. “Great, we are coming with five adults and one child.  Can you have it ready for us in about 10 minutes?” pause. “Perfect, see you then.” He dropped the phone in his pocket and looked at his family.  “Let’s go.  They will have five meatloaf dinners waiting for us.”

“And if I didn’t want meatloaf?” Justin smiled up into Brian’s face.

“You’ll eat it anyway!” Brian smacked Justin’s ass.  Aiden giggled.

“Ya, Daddy.  We are all eating what Big Daddy ordered!” Aiden giggled as he climbed into his booster seat.  

When they walked into the diner, Debbie saw them and pointed to the back booth.  Before they even got comfortable their plates were set in front of them along with a sixth dish.  “I hope you don’t mind if I join you.  I am off the clock.”

“Of course, Debbie.” Brian said and introduced Cassandra.  Debbie fawned over Aiden and Aiden flirted right back.  “Debbie, Gus said you are moving?”

“We are.  Carl and I bought a duplex.  No more steps.  No more noisy plumbing.”

“You deserve it, Debbie.

“Did you look through the box I sent home with this handsome one?” she pointed to Gus. 

“It has been a bit crazy but the next free Saturday or Sunday, I plan to.”

“I just thought if you wanted some of them you should have a chance.”

They continued chatting.  Cass fell in love with Debbie and her crazy antics.  Debbie attempted to get them each a piece of pie but Brian stopped her, “How about a small dip of ice cream.  We have to be back at the courthouse soon.”

Each received a small sundae and soon they waddled out of the diner, assuring Debbie they would call when they were done at the courthouse and that once she was moved they would come for dinner.

Once in the car, Gus spoke up, “So I am going into the judge’s chambers with Aiden?”

“Do you mind?” Justin asked him.

“No, not at all. Do I need to say something or not say something?”

“No, Gus, just be honest.  He is mainly going to talk to Aiden but the judge wanted Aiden to feel comfortable.”

“Ok, I can do that.” 

Fifteen minutes later Gus and Aiden were sitting in the outer office of the judge waiting for him to return.  “Gus, are you scared?”

“No, Little Bro.  I know everything will be fine.  Once we talk to the judge, Cass will take you home and our dads and I will be home in a little while.”

“But I want to stay here.  I want to hear what the judge says.” Aiden sat on his knees with both hands on one of Gus’ shoulders.

“We will see what the judge says, Ok? And we will follow his directions?”

“Sure, Gus.  I will do what the judge says.”

When the secretary sent the boys into the judge’s office Gus took Aiden’s hand and they walked in together.

“Good Afternoon,” the judge said as they sat on the chairs facing him. “Did you have a nice lunch?”

Aiden said, “We ate at Liberty Diner with our friend Debbie.  She gave us meatloaf and mashed potatoes.”

“Debbie is still working there? When I was a young lawyer I ate there often.”

“Debbie tiring soon but she still owns it.”

“So she is finally retiring. I know she married an acquaintance of mine.  I’m glad she is finally going to be free to enjoy herself.

“I think she enjoys herself.  She laughs a lot and loud,” Aiden said.

The judge had to laugh at that.  “It is good to hear she hasn’t lost her love of life.” The judge chatted with Aiden a little bit and then he turned to Gus.  “Young man, is there anything you would like to tell me about your brother and your family?”

“Well, sir, it was just a year ago that I was traveling with the wrong crowd.  I started drinking and doing things I shouldn’t do.  I was living with my moms and they were going through some stuff of their own but my dads insisted I come live with them and they showed me why what I was doing wasn’t good and they got me some help.  Now I visit my moms but I live with my dads.  Aiden is a great Little Bro and my dads take good care of him all the time, too.  I just can’t imagine living with anyone else other than my dads and Aid.”

The judge caught himself getting emotional.  “Well, I am not going to make you wait any longer.  There will be no visitation or custody of any kind between Aiden and Mr. Daklin.  Is that alright Aiden.”

“That’s perfect.  Mr. Dak was Ok, but he isn’t my daddy.”

“No, and I am fairly sure you will never have to go through this again. Gus, if you would like to take your brother home now, feel free.  I will go tell your dads and your mother what my final decision is.  And Gus, I know your mom is Melanie and I am glad she moved past her issues too.”

Gus and Aiden moved out into the hall and without thinking about it, Gus hugged and then kissed Cass. When he realized what he had done he stepped back and moved a little bit away from her.

“You must have heard some good news,” Cass said, cheeks flushed. 

“The judge says it is over. All that’s left is the formal final decision.  He told us about it so I think I will leave with you. Aid, you go with Cass.  I will catch up as soon as I text our dads and get a response.”  Gus texted Justin and Justin said, “See you at home.”


Brian, Justin, and Mel sat together while Dak and Clampet sat across the aisle. The judge walked in and sat behind his desk. “This should only take a few minutes.  I just talked to Aiden and Gus.  They are amazing boys and both very well adjusted and loved kids.  In a family court I seldom find such well adjusted families.  I am not sure I have ever found people that love each other so much.  And Mr. Daklin, I have received some new information, which I have already disclosed to both lawyers.  Mr. Daklin, it appears that you gained your wealth and retirement under illegal means.  You will not be receiving custody or even visitation.  Mr. Clampet has agreed to escort you back to Seattle airport where the police will meet you and take you in for questioning.”

The judge stood and looked from Dak’s table and back to Brian, Justin, and Mel.  “Go home and celebrate.  That child is yours and yours alone.  There will not be a reversal of custody ever.”  With that the judge walked out and they were dismissed. 

One of the court officers walked up to Dak and with Clampet following, led them out to a waiting car.  Brian and Justin followed them out the door.  Mr. Clampet saw them on the steps and came back up to them.  He extended his hand to Justin and then Brian.  “I feel I owe you an apology.  I am sorry that I didn’t dig a little deeper before accepting the story and then invading your life.”

“Oh, if you ever need someone to help you with research I will send you the name of my researcher.  I think you two could have a good working partnership.”

“I will call him when I get back. If you ever need anything in Seattle, please contact me.”

With that, Clampet got in the front seat of the car leaving the very upset Dak in the backseat of the car.

Justin looked at Brian, “I guess we need to get a taxi or uber to go home.”

“When I messaged Cynthia with the good news, I asked her to send the office Town Car.  It should be here soon.”

“I texted Mom and Molly, too.  I figured you had texted Ted and he would get Victor.” Justin turned and hugged Brian, “I can’t believe we don’t have to worry about Dak anymore.”

“Why don’t we see if we can fly somewhere with the boys tomorrow for a long weekend.  I know we have to be at work Monday but we could have part of Friday, all of Saturday and Sunday morning somewhere.”

“Where should we go?” Justin was excited.

“Well, what do we want to do? You could go to Savannah, GA or Florida somewhere.”

“Brian, let's go to the ocean.  Let’s go to New Hampshire or Massechutesetts.  Just the four of us.”  The car pulled up and Brian told the driver to stay in the car while he opened the door and Justin jumped in, followed by Brian. 

Brian gave the driver their address and then kissed Justin.  He pulled out his phone and called Cynthia. Moments later he had hung up and he said, “She will get us airline tickets and says she has a perfect place.”

“Where is it?” Justin asked Brian.

“Can it be a surprise?”

“I would love that.” Justin pressed his torso against Brian and it was a good thing they arrived home when they did since there was no dividing window in this car.

They walked into the house and heard a cork pop.  “Champagne?” Justin looked at Brian.

“I didn’t know we had that in the house?”

“Not champagne.”  Gus said as he walked into the entry.  “Sparkling grape juice.  It all tuned out, right?”

Justin hugged Gus, “Yes, he won’t try that again!”

The three of them walked in to see four glasses filled with the grape juice while Aiden held the bottle up to his lips, giggling. Cass handed out the glasses and they all toasted to their win. Before Brian set his glass down his phone sounded.  He pulled it out and looked at the text. “Cass, do you plan to be around this weekend?”

“Ya, I have a paper to finish. What’s up?”

“Well,” Brian looked over to the boys, “How would you like to go somewhere really cool tonight?”

The boys and Justin said, “Tonight?”

“I just got a text.  We need to be out of the house in 40 minutes to catch a plane.  Gus, it will be chilly.  You need sweatshirts, sweaters, and jeans.  Oh, and your blue jacket.” Brian said as he turned to Cass, “So you can watch GC?”

“Not a problem.”

“Dad, where are we going?” Aiden asked Justin.

“I don’t know except it is by the ocean. Come on, Aiden, let’s go pack.”

They all headed up the steps.  Justin looked at Brian, “Can you pack for Aid while I get his meds ready?”

“I’m on it.  Aid, what sweatshirt and sweater do you want?” Brian walked into Aiden’s room with him while Justin pulled out Aiden’s travel bag that they use for his medications. He started putting supplies into it but then froze and dropped onto the mattress.  

Five minutes later, Brian was right outside of the door saying, “Aiden, you can put as many toys and books as you can fit into your bag.” Brian walked in and saw Justin sitting on the end of the bed with his head in his hands softly sobbing.  He rushed to him and took him in his arms. “Baby, what is it? What’s wrong?”

“He’s safe.  He’s ours.  He isn’t going anywhere.”

“He is, sweetheart, and we are taking a flight soon so we need to get moving.” Brian kissed him and pulled him up. “Pack some warm clothes but don’t bother with sleepwear.” Brian’s hand slipped down Justin’s pants.  “I want to see and feel every inch of you.”

“Come on you two!  I thought we had to be ready to leave and you’re standing around groping each other. I don’t need my passport, do I?”

“Not this time,” Brian said as he pulled down a couple duffel bags. 

“Dad, do we need our swim trunks?” Gus asked.

“I honestly don’t know.  Grab them, there may be a hot tub.”

Gus retreated and ten minutes later they all stood in the front entry and Ted was parked in front with Raymond as co pilot.  They threw the bags in the back seat and everyone piled in.  “Thanks, Ted.  We really appreciate this.”

“No problem, glad to do it.  We are all so happy for you.”

“Uncle Ted, do you know where we are going?” Gus asked.

“If he does, he isn’t going to tell you.”  Brian said.  “But, Ted, isn’t the airport the other direction?”

“It is but Victor and I wanted to add to your celebration so Vic called a friend who owns a plane and you are taking a private plane to your destination.”  Ted pulled into a small airport on the edge of the city.  Once they were all out of the SUV Aiden and Raymond hugged and Ted picked Ray up as they watched the door shut and a few minutes later it started taxiing down the runway.

“Daddy T, do you think I will ever ride in a plane?”

“I am hoping you will when we go to our cabin at Christmas but if you are with your mom, we will definitely fly somewhere  next year.”

“Daddy T, I love you.” As the plane took flight, so did Ted’s heart.  The only thing better than this was the first time Victor had said that.  This wounded little boy was healing.  He couldn’t wait to tell Victor.


“Are you going to tell us where we are going?” Gus asked.

“It is off season but we are going to Martha’s Vineyard.”

“Who’s Martha?” Aiden asked.

They all laughed.  “It isn’t a person, it is an island,” Gus said.  

Aiden’s lip quivered. “Are you all laughing at me?”

Gus reached for his brother and pulled him close. “We aren’t laughing at you Aid.  We are just so happy we don’t have to worry about Dak that we can’t not be happy.”  

Aiden crawled onto Gus’ lap.  “I love you, Gus.”

“I love you, too, Little Bro.”  Aiden curled up against Gus’ chest and within moments he was asleep. Gus pressed his lips to the top of Aiden’s blond hair, such a contrast to his own dark curls. Whispering, he softly repeated the words, “I love you, too, Aiden.”

Justin kissed Brian.  “He is going to be an amazing father someday.”

“Hopefully in the very distant future.” Brian pulled Justin onto his lap and slipped his hand between Justin’s thighs and began to massage his crotch gently.  

“Damn, that feels good.  How much time do we have in the air?”

“Over an hour. Let’s go to the bedroom.” Brian stood and took Justin’s hand. Brian looked down at the boys and opened his mouth but he was stopped.

“I just don’t want to hear it.  Do what you have to do but remember your children are out here.”

Brian reached down and ruffled Gus’ curls and gently patted his cheek as they passed the boys.  Justin bent and kissed Gus’ cheek before he followed Brian into the small room. Before the door was in the latch Brian had Justin’s hard cock out of its pants and after laying Justin down he quickly loosed his own zipper and Brian took Justin in his mouth while his own cock was dangling just above Justin’s mouth. Brian began to move up and down taking Justin deep in his mouth while he lowered his cock into Justin’s mouth.  It wasn’t long before Justin came deep in Brian’s throat and then, when Justin dragged his teeth gently over Brian’s cock Brian lost control over the feel of the teeth and tongue. 

Brian dropped to the side and Justin turned so they were face to face.  “That was one way to keep us both quiet.” Justin looked into Brian’s eyes. “This is the perfect way for our family to celebrate.  All we need is the four of us on a deserted island.”

“I hate to tell you, love, but Martha’s Vineyard, although quiet this time of year is not deserted and knowing our oldest son, he will be looking for his own partner soon and I don’t mean JR, although I do hope that happens.  It is a great way for Gus to know what it feels like to be with a man and a great way for JR to feel secure for his first time.”  

Brian pulled Justin in for a kiss just as the pilot came on the intercom.  “Please take your seat and buckle up.  We will be landing in 20 minutes. It might be a bouncy landing but it is safe.”


It was raining hard when they landed but a car was waiting for them and the driver backed the car up to the plane then had an umbrella over them as they walked the short distance to the limo.  It was dark and all of them were getting hungry.  They had a few things to nibble on on the plane but they all were ready for a meal.

After they were in the car Brian asked if there was a good restaurant on the way to their rental.  “There is a great little place.  It isn’t fancy but has great lobster po’boys and if you like onion rings there is no place better.”

“That sounds great!” Justin said, “Will you wait or pick us up later?”

“I think I will grab a sandwich myself so you can take as much time as you like.  And you don’t have to worry, I don’t drink anything stronger than ginger ale.”

He pulled up in front of a small cafe and Brian picked up Aiden and they all rushed inside. In no time at all Aiden had lobster mac and cheese while the others had the suggested sandwich with a family size basket of onion rings for them to share. They invited the driver to join them and as they munched on the last of the onion rings, Aiden crawled up on Justin’s lap and fell asleep.

“We probably should get him to the house.  It has been a very long day for him and it has been a stressful couple weeks.” Justin snuggled his son close. 

“You have a great family,” the driver said as he walked out to the car with them.  “If you need a driver this weekend please give me a call and if you don’t need a ride and just have a question, give me a call.  “Oh, and in case you haven’t heard, there's a storm moving on shore before daylight.  It isn’t going to be a threat but the temperature is going to drop.  I did deliver the food you asked for. I refrigerated what needed to be and left the rest on the counter.  Please call if you need something.”  He pulled into the drive.  “You don’t have much baggage.  You all go in and get that little guy settled.  I will set your bags inside the door before heading home.”

Brian pulled out a couple bills and handed them to the man.  “Thank you for taking such good care of us.”

“Anytime.” He shook Brian’s hand and patted Justin’s shoulder as they entered the house before returning to the car he pulled the bags out of the trunk and then set them in the house before driving away.

“Look at this place.” Gus walked directly to the back of the house where it looked out over the ocean.  “I can’t wait to see it in the morning.” He heard the door close.  “I’ll bring the bags up.  You get Aid settled.” Brian kissed Gus’ head as he walked past and led the way while Justin carried Aiden up the steps. 

“I think this is the one we thought would be best for him.  I feel a little weird putting him in a strange bed where he won’t even know where our room is.”  Justin said softly.

“Dad, put him in my room.  I will sleep with him.”

“Are you sure, Gus? There are plenty of bedrooms,” Brian said.

“Put him in my room.  It’s down there, right?”

“Yes,” Justin smiled at his oldest son. “Thank you.”  


Brian and Justin tucked Aiden in one of the beds in Gus’ bedroom and then went back down to the great room.  They looked for Gus and then realized he was standing out on the deck, wrapped in a blanket, looking at the ocean. Brian stepped out to Gus. He took the blanket from him and put the blanket around his shoulders and then enfolded Gus in his arms so they were both warm.

“How are you doing, son? You had a busy, stressful day and have dealt with everything amazingly.”

“Dad, I was scared.  Our family just wouldn’t have been the same if…” Gus turned into Brian’s arms and laid his head on his chest. Brian held him tightly.  After a couple moments a gust of wind rustled the blanket and then they felt the first rain drop. 

“Let’s go in.”

“Dad, let me keep the blanket.  I’ll be there in a couple minutes.”  

Brian wrapped the blanket around him.  “I’ll save you some hot chocolate.”

“Dad?”

“Ya, Gus?”

“Just thanks for being my dad. I’ve been thinking about JR and Raymond and then Aid and that asshole Dak.  I really scored with you and Dad. I love you both.”

“We love you, too, Gus, more than you can know.”  Brian stepped into the house and went directly into Justin’s arms and kissed him.  “Damn, that kid gets me every time,” Brian said as Justin wiped the tears off his cheeks.

“I promised him hot chocolate.”

“Well, the milk is warming on the stove right now.”

“Is there a shot of bourbon or something to add to ours?”

“We asked him to pick up a bottle so there should be some around here.” Brian found the bottle just as  Gus walked in.

“It is getting really windy and cold out there.” Gus’ whole body shivered.

“Well, you are just in time for hot chocolate.  Bri, can you check the fridge for whipped cream?

Brian came back with a can of whipped cream and put a large shot of it on top of Gus’ cup. “That looks great.  I am going to take this with me and fill that big bathtub full of water and warm up. Goodnight, Dads.  This place is amazing.  I can’t wait to see it in the daylight.”  Gus kissed both of them and moved out of the room.

Brian and Justin each carried their cups toward the fireplace. They sat on the rug near the gas flames leaning against the sofa. They sat there silently sipping the chocolate. After several minutes Brian looked out the glass door.  “The lightning is moving closer.  It’s hard to tell over the water how long it will be before it arrives but it is beautiful right now.”

“I’m glad we came tonight.  I don’t know if we would have made it out here tomorrow.  Suppose we will have to stay a couple extra days?” Justin set his empty mug down and ran his tongue along Brian’s jawline. Within seconds, Brian had Justin laying on the rug with hands sliding under his shirt.


Gus slid into the warm foaming water.  The jetted tub filled the room with the scent of lavender.  “Damn,” he said softly, as he wondered why he didn’t take a bath more often.  He had turned the lights of the bath off and turned on the fireplace before getting in the water.  Who had a fireplace in their bathroom? Well, he did for the weekend. There were windows looking out over the bay and he watched the storm roll in.  He picked his phone up and, unsure why, he called Cass.

“Gus, is everything good? I heard Martha’s Vineyard was going to get heavy rain tonight.”

“Hey, Cass.  We’re all good.” Now that he had her on the phone he didn’t know what to say. “How’s GC?”

“Gus, did you call me because of your dog?”

“No...I....I shouldn’t have called. I…this place is really cool.”

“Gus, you can talk to me.”

“Cass, I’m glad you were there today. I… why can’t I be older.  I wish we could…”

“Gus, it just isn’t possible not now.  Maybe in five or ten years, but not now.”

“Would you wait for me?”

“Gus, I can’t.  It just isn’t fair for either of us.  You need to move on.  Where are you, Gus?”

“I’m in the bathtub with a fireplace.”

“Damn, is there room for me?” Gus felt his cock twitch.

“Oh, fuck, Cass there is all kinds of room for both of us.”

“I’m sorry, Gus, I shouldn’t have said that.  I should go.  I need to let GC in.”

“Cass, will you sleep in my bed? I just want to know that you are there.”

“I will, Gus.  I will see you Sunday.  Goodnight, Gus.”

“Good night, Cass.” Gus ended the call and laid the phone to the side.  “I love you.” he said softly.  When he got home it was time to find a girl.  He was never going to get over her if he didn’t find someone. Their relationship ended well over a year ago so she had to move on and so did he. Gus got out of the tub and dried off and after slipping into a pair of short he went back into the bedroom.  He looked at the queen sized bed and then over at the single bed where Aiden was sleeping.  He moved across the room and picked Aiden up.

Aiden stirred, and his eyes fluttered open.  “Gus?”

“I thought you might share my bed with me.”

“I’d love that, Gus,” he said, already nearly asleep as Gus laid him down and then stretched out next to him. He immediately curled into his big brother and Gus draped his arm over his brother and then fell asleep himself.


After about half an hour, Brian and Justin lay naked on the rug with a blanket pulled over top of them.  “Let’s go upstairs.  I want to make love with you and I saw the bed up there.  Not that I mind the rug but I think we would be more comfortable up there, plus I want to check on Aiden.”

They pulled the blanket around both of them and moved up the stairs as one.  Justin peeked at the bed he had put Aiden in but then he looked at the queen sized bed.  There was Aiden in his brother’s arms.

Together they walked to their room.  They dropped the blanket and fell into bed. As they lay in each other’s arms the thunder that had started as a low rumble was now getting louder while the lightning was lighting up the sky over and over.  Justin offered his back to Brian and as Brian entered him the sky exploded with torrents of rain.

“Brian, more, please more.”

Brian didn’t need anymore encouragement.  He moved deliberately, long powerful strokes as he held onto Justin’s waist. They came closer and closer to an orgasm, an explosion of thunder shook the house and sent them both over the edge.







Chapter 9 by Simply written

Chapter 9


“Gus, are you awake?” a small voice said in his ear. “I need to pee and I don’t know where it is?”

“Hey, Little Bro. It’s that door right over there.” Gus pointed as he opened his eyes.

“Thanks!” he responded as he jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom.

Gus stretched and looked outside.  It was hard to tell what time it was but it was too early to be up.  Aiden came back and climbed into the high bed and curled up to Gus.  Gus pulled the blanket up around him.  “It is too early to be up, bro.” 

The room lit up from lightning and then was followed by a ripple of soft thunder. “Is it a storm, Gus?”

“No, Aid. Well, it isn’t a bad storm. It is going to be a rainy day but we can play games and watch movies today but let’s sleep a little longer.

Aiden yawned, “Ok. Where are our dads?”

“They are just down the hall on the opposite end.”

“Ok, I love you, Gus.”

Gus tightened his arm around him, “I love you, too, Aiden.” He kissed the blonde head and as he drifted off he thought about having his own child someday. As he started to drift off, his mind wandered to Cass but he shook it off.  That was never going to happen but someday he would be a father.  He just wasn’t sure who the other parent would be.


Brian pulled Justin’s warm, relaxed body a little closer. It had started rumbling outside again. “Um, good morning, Bri.” Justin tilted his head and Brian claimed his lips.

“Damn, you look amazing this morning.”

“What? Drool in the corner of your mouth turns you on?”

“YOU turn me on.” Brian rolled on top of him partially and began to move his hips.

“You are such a tease,” Justin laughed as he separated  his legs and then grabbed each of his knees giving Brian access and Brian didn’t need an invitation.  Brian concentrated on Justin’s face as he moved into him. Justin strained upward to claim Brian’s lips and then pulled him down on top of him. Brian continued to move his hips slowly until he felt Justin begin to tremble as the pleasure grew deep in his core and then it felt as if it needed to get out. It bubbled up and as he opened his mouth and cried out both of them lost every reasonable thought.


Aiden slid off the big bed and left the room silently. He moved down the hall peeking in the other doors and then saw the closed door at the end of the hall. Slowly, he opened the door and looked around the room.  It was light enough to see his dads in the large bed.  He noticed a step stool was positioned at the end of the bed and he moved up the steps and then crawled toward the pillows between his fathers.  By the time he wiggled under the blankets both Brian and Justin were awake. Aiden laid his head between his dads and rolled to face Brian.  “Good morning, Big Daddy.” Aiden kissed Brian’s nose and then flipped over and repeated it on Justin.  “Hi, Daddy.  Did you sleep good? Did you know it is raining? I’m hungry.  Can we have breakfast soon? What are we having for breakfast?”

Brian and Justin moved toward him and each gave him a kiss on his cheek. “What would you like for breakfast?”

“I don’t care.  Maybe French toast? Do we have French toast?”

“I think so,” Justin said. 

“Daddies, are you naked under there?”

“Yes we are,” Brian said matter of factly. “Can you crawl to the end of the bed and get our robes?”

Aiden scampered to the end of the bed and then got off carefully before picking up the robes and bringing one to Brian and then one to Justin. Both of their sons had seen them naked but they did try to be a bit discreet. Aiden didn’t even notice he was busy looking out the windows.  “Dads, there are a lot of boats out there.  Is it safe for them to be out there? It is kind of stormy.”

Brian walked over and picked him up. “I am sure they know what they are doing. Ready to go down and start breakfast?”

“Ya!” Aiden said as Brian kissed Justin and walked out of the room.

“If you get the stuff out for breakfast, I will make it when I get downstairs.” Justin walked into the bathroom.


When Justin came down 10 minutes later wrapped in the plush robe, Aiden sat on the counter and Brian had a loaf of brioche bread, eggs, cream, butter, and cinnamon out next to Aiden.  “It doesn’t look like you missed anything,” Justin said as Brian pulled him into his arms.  He kissed him, long and possessively.

“Ooo, you two kiss a lot,” Aiden said and then another voice came from behind him.

“Little Bro, you better get used to it.” Gus draped an arm around his brother.  “But you know what?”

“What?”

“They do that because they love each other and it is no fun if your parents stop loving each other.  I don’t think we will ever have to worry about that.”

“Love is a good thing.” Aiden said and hugged his big brother.

“Yes, love is a very good thing,” Brian said when he and Justin finally separated.

“Gus, you want to help with breakfast?

“Sure, it looks like French toast. How about if I make a custard to drizzle over it. Or,” he opened the fridge, “blueberry compote.”

“Blueberry!” Aiden said.

“Alright. Blueberry it is.” Gus grabbed a pan off a rack and threw blueberries into it.  He grabbed a lemon and squeezed the juice into the pan and then added a little salt and a bit of sugar.  Justin stepped aside so Gus could make the egg mixture while Justin cut thick slices of bread. Gus directed Justin as if he were a sous chef and Justin gladly followed his directions.

Brian started a pot of rich, dark coffee and then stood with Aiden, watching the rain and lightning. “Big Daddy, look at that big boat over there. What kind of a boat is that?”

“I am really not sure.  I am sure it harvests seafood but from here I can’t tell if it is the kind for lobster or crab or shrimp or fish.”

“I like lobster.  That mac and cheese last night was really good.”

“Yes, it is very good.  I am sure we will have more seafood today.”

“Oh, YEAH!”

“Breakfast is ready,” Justin called.

The family sat at the counter bar. All four of them were wrapped in the plush robes they had found in their rooms.  Once they were all eating Gus commented, “These are great robes.  Do we get to take them home?”

“As a matter of fact we do. It is one of the perks at this place.  They are really warm, which is good with the wind picking up outside.  This place is snug but there are a few drafts.” Brian said.  

Aiden slipped off the stool and went back to the door and looked at the fishing boat again.  “Big Daddy, I think that ship is sinking.”

“Aiden, come back and finish your eggs,” Justin called to him.

“No, Daddy, come look.” Justin reluctantly left his hot breakfast and walked over to the glass front of the house and, putting a hand on Aiden’s shoulder, looked out.  

“Brian, I think Aiden might be right.  They seem to be having trouble.  Why don’t you call Jack, from last night and tell him about it.  He will be able to tell us what is the best thing to do.”

Brian had already pulled out his phone.  Gus, Aiden, and Justin listened to Brian’s side of the call.  “John, this may be a stupid call but we can see a boat in the harbor that seems to be struggling back in. We weren’t sure if it was normal for them to move so slow.” Brian listened.  “I’m sorry, I am really dumb when it comes to boats. I can tell it is a working boat and not a leisure boat.” Silence. “Thanks, John. I had forgotten that.  We will see you later.” Brian set his phone down.  “John will check on the boat.”

“Did you say he is coming later?” Justin asked.

“I had forgotten he promised to bring us some fresh seafood sometime today.”

“Oh, that’s right. I want to make a seafood feast tonight.”

“And I want you to make a seafood feast!” Brian smiled at his son.

Aiden wandered back to the window and Justin followed. “Look, Daddy, I think that other boat is going to help.”

“You are right.  That is the Coast Guard.  They are kind of like a sea army.  Anytime a boat is in trouble they go out to help.”   Aiden pushed a food stool over to the window and stood on it while Justin wrapped his arms around him.  He breathed in deeply.  He hoped he would remember this smell the rest of his life. It wasn’t the fresh scent he had straight out of the tub but the smell of a little boy, the scent of his son.  Gus was just a little younger than Aiden when he met Brian.  He hadn’t known what life really was until he fell in love with Brian.

As if Brian sensed Justin’s thoughts he walked up behind Justin and wrapped his arms around him just as Justin had done to Aiden.  “What is that beautiful brain of yours thinking?”

“I’m thinking my life is perfect. I can’t imagine wanting or needing anything else.”

“Look, Daddies!  They have the boats tied together and the, what did you call them?”

“The Coast Guard?”

“Ya, the Coast Guard is rescuing them.”

“Aid, you did a great job.  They really did need assistance.”

“I could tell.” Aiden said and jumped so Justin caught him as he wrapped his legs around Justin’s waist and Justin supported his bottom. “What are we going to do now?”

“Would you like to take a swim in that big tub in your bathroom?”

“Daddy, it is big but I can’t swim in it.”

“We could put lots of bubbles and I think there is bathtub paint in there.”

“That sounds FUN!”

“I think your dad and I might just take a shower ourselves. We haven’t showered since yesterday,” Justin commented.

“And we have done a few things.” Brian smiled.  “Hey, Gus, if we get Aiden in the tub, could you hang out in your room so you are close if he needs you?”

“Sure, no problem. We have wifi, right?”

“Yes, the password should be in your room.”

“Bri, can you go start the water in the tub and I am going to finish cleaning up the kitchen. I will meet you in the shower in ten minutes.” Justin slipped his hand into the opening of Brian’s robe and Brian growled low.

“Don’t be late!” he said softly.

 

Ten minutes later Aiden was painting a picture on the side of the bathtub while Gus watched videos and Brian moved down the hall to find Justin. Gus knew very well what his dads probably going to do and he, again, felt lonely. He wondered if he would have been better off if he had never had sex before. Now he knew what he was missing.  He decided to brush up on male sex.  Maybe he would learn something for JR.  Over Thanksgiving when JR and Raymond stayed for the weekend, they planned to have sex.  After the first of the year, he was going to find a girlfriend, not just for sex but he wanted to find someone to be close to.  “You doing ok, Aid?”

“Ya, come see my picture.”

“On my way.”

Justin had already started the water and decided to get in and wash his hair. He wet it down and was just massaging in the shampoo when he heard the door open.  Brian began moving his hands down  Justin’s slick body and as his hands cupped his firm ass he began to move his fingers between those two perfect globes. Justin attempted to rinse the remainder of soap out as Brian began to slide his finger in and out, putting pressure on Justin’s prostate as he did.  Moments later Justin had cum all over Brian. He took a sponge and after putting soap on it he moved down his body and once he grazed Brian’s erection he began to tremble.  Justin turned to the wall and without a word, Brian thrust in and signed, pressing Justin against the wall.

“Damn, I could stay in you all day.”

“I don’t think we should try that,” Justin turned so they could kiss and then Brian began to slowly move until both Brian and Justin crested and fell over that blissful edge together.


Brian and Justin were still kissing, although dressed, when Aiden knocked on the door.  He was wrapped in a big, fluffy towel and smiling from ear to ear. He ran over to his dads, losing his towel as he did.

"Well, I guess he is just like his fathers," Gus laughed as he followed. "I wasn't sure what he should wear."

"Aiden, you can put on anything in your bag."

"Can I wear my pajamas?" He giggled..

“If you want to. I don’t think that would be as warm as your big sweatshirt and jeans, though.  Oh, and you have to put on shoes or slippers.”

“Ok.  Gus, can you comb my hair cool?”

“Come, Little Bro, and please put your towel back on.  Our dads are teaching you bad habits.” Gus wrapped the towel around him and picked him up, carrying him back to the room they were sharing. 

Brian was moving back to Justin’s mouth when the doorbell rang throughout the house. “Guess you were saved by the bell,” Brian dropped a kiss on Justin's forehead and moved out of the room.

“Coming!” Brian called as he moved down the steps and to the door, expecting John to be there with their seafood for dinner, but it wasn’t John.  “I don’t know who you are but come in out of the deluge.”

“Sorry, I don’t know your name either.” The man had a large wooden crate in his arms. “I’m George Carter.  I understand you called John about my boat today,” he said with a thick New England accent.  “I had just gone out to get my traps in a lull and my radio and motor went out.  I was trying to limp in when the Coast Guard arrived. John told me it was you and he said you were wanting seafood for dinner so I brought you a little bit of everything I had on hand.”

By now the other three had come downstairs and Aiden ran to Brian. He introduced himself.  “I’m Aiden.  I told my dads you needed help.”

The big weather-worn man offered his hand to Aiden, “Well, Aiden, I want to thank you very much.  I hope you and your family enjoys some seafood on me.” 

Gus walked up and offered to take the box from the man and carried it to the counter.  He started looking through it. “This looks amazing.”

“I’m sorry,” Brian said, “I’m Brian Kinney.  This is my husband Justin Taylor and that’s our oldest son, Gus.  You’ve already met Aiden.”

“Nice to meet you folks.  Oh, I have one more thing to bring in.”  George ran back into the pouring rain. 

“Dads, there is lobster, clams...I’m not sure what kind actually.” He pulled out a whole fish.  “And this is a black bass.  There are two of these.” 

Brian opened the door as George came back in.  “This should complete your meal. There is andouille sausage, red potatoes, corn on the cob, and onions to go with it.”

“This is amazing! I have never made most of this but…”

“Gus is our future chef.  Whether he does it for a living or for family, he is already talented.”

“I was going to ask if you have ever made a seafood boil,” George smiled at Gus.  “I was actually going to ask if you would like me to come back and make the meal.  I am sure this young man would do a fine job but I also know a live lobster or crab can bite back.”

Gus looked at Brian and Justin who by now stood next to each other with Aiden in front of them. Justin nodded and said, “Mr….I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name.”

“George Carter but please call me George.”

“George, we don’t want to take you away from your family.”

“You can’t do that.  My daughter is on the mainland in college and my wife passed away last year.  If you hadn’t seen my boat it could have been hours before anyone realized I was in trouble.”

“Well, then, I think Gus would love to be your sous chef and learn how to make a proper New England Boil.”

“That sounds great!” Gus said.

“Well, I would love that.  How about I come back about 5:00 and then it should be ready by 6:30 or so?”

“That will be perfect.” Justin smiled at the older man.  

George walked to the door. “I need to go check on a boat motor.” The man smiled and waved as he pulled the door shut.

Once they put all the seafood in the fridge, they put some fun music on and started a jigsaw puzzle.  “You do realize how crabby I am going to get, don’t you?” Brian mumbled but sat down and helped sort puzzle pieces.  An hour later they were all surprised how long they had been working on it.  And Brian and Aiden had teamed up.  Aiden was amazingly good for his age and seeing him smile kept Brian engaged.

Justin went to the kitchen and looked in the fridge and pulled out sandwich meat and some bread as well as some salad greens, topping, and dressings. They made salads and sandwiches and sat around the kitchen island, eating lunch.  

Gus was sitting next to Justin and leaned over and kissed his cheek.  “What was that for?"

“For loving me as much as you do Aiden.”

“Gus, I have loved you since the day I heard about you.”

“Don’t you mean the day you met me?”

“No, I loved you as soon as I loved your dad.  You are part of him.” Justin hugged him.  “How about we make some dessert for tonight?”

“I saw some apples.  How about making an apple crisp?” Gus was already planning what to put into it.

“I don’t know if there are any oats but we can make some kind of crust.” Justin said.

“Well, Aiden, how about you and I go upstairs and read in that big chair in my room. We can see if there are any more struggling ships.”

As soon as Gus heard the bedroom door shut, he said, “Aiden looks tired. He’s alright isn’t he?”

“This week has been hard on him. He…” Justin bit his lip and Gus put his arms around him.  

“Dad, he is all ours.  He isn’t going anywhere and you know Dad already has him napping on his lap.”

“You are so right, Gus.  He can’t outgrow his disease but we can keep him as healthy as we can.” Justin went back to peeling apples.”

“Do you think he will realize sometime that he is small for his age and that he can’t do a lot of things his friends do?”

“Yes. Do you think that will be a problem?”

“Actually, I really don’t.  He has so much character and is so loveable, I can see him with a circle of girls around him, all loving on him.”

That had Justin laughing, “I think you are right.  I hope he keeps that attitude. We do keep him pretty protected.”

“We do, but Dad, he is smart and with that personality, he is going to be more successful than any of us.”  By now Gus had finished the crust and put it in the fridge to chill it. He took over the apples tossing them in a little sugar and spices before putting them all in a pan. He added the juice of a lemon and a pinch of salt.  “Dad, what liquor do we have.  I want to add a little for flavor. “

"Will whiskey work? We don't have a lot of options."

"Sure that will will work."

Justin sat and watched Gus. As the apples cooked down, Gus rolled out the crust and put it into a springform pan. He added a little thickening to the apples and as soon as it was the right consistency, he poured  it into the pan and then flipped the edges over the apples, making a galette. He crimped the edge just a bit before putting it into the oven.

Brian read a book while Aiden was looking out the window. He was only a few pages into and Aiden was sound asleep.  Brian laid the book down and wrapped his arms tightly around his son, pulling him close and he shut his own eyes.  A distance away he listened to thunder, again, coming closer.

“Gus, have you and JR talked more about being his first?” Justin handed Gus a cup of tea and sat down next to him as they looked out at the bay.

“We have.  We are talking about Thanksgiving weekend. You and Dad are Ok with it, right?”

“We are Gus, and so are Ted and Vic.  You know if you have questions about anything…”

“I do but it is kind of weird talking to you about it but I don’t want to hurt him or do something stupid. I want it to be special for him.”

“Gus, you are a good friend. Would you feel better talking to someone you aren’t related to?”

“I would.”

“What about Mitchell? I think he would talk to you and he is young and has an active social life.”

“Mitchell, your assistant? Ya, I think  that would work. Do you think he would be willing to talk to me?”

Justin set down his empty cup and wrapped his arms gently around Gus’ shoulders. “I don’t think that will be a problem.” Gus laid his head on Justin’s shoulder and they sat quietly watching it rain until the timer went off.  Gus pulled out the galette and set it on a rack to cool. “I’m going to make caramel sauce to drizzle over this.”

“Gus, are you thinking about being a chef?”

“I don’t know.  I am not excited about working nights. I want to get married, have a family. I don’t want to work until 3:00 and get up at noon.”

“Maybe you could make specialty pastries or only take orders.”

“Do you think that would actually work?”

“I do.  You could make pre-made meals for people.  I think if you start thinking about it now, you could come up with the perfect job for you. I’ll help you! You have plenty of time.”

“Maybe I’ll change my mind but right now, I think I would really like to do that.”

“And you can always start in a restaurant to learn new skills and then decide what is your favorite.”  Gus dipped a spoon into his caramel and handed it to Justin.

“Oh, god, that is good. You could bottle that.”

Before Gus could respond, Brian and Aiden came downstairs and the family was back to the puzzle.  

Both Justin and Brian told stories about their childhood and what it was like in the old days. It finally cleared up a little and Brian, Justin and Aiden decided ice cream was needed for the galette and, leaving Gus at home, in case George arrived, they bundled up and left the house for the short walk to a convenience store.

Gus looked out at the gray seascape.  He could picture it in the summer and the beach below would be full of people in bathing suits and the bay full of boats.  Maybe they could come back in the summer. He wasn’t sure why but this place called to him.  Gus went to the kitchen and started cleaning corn that George had brought earlier.  He pulled off the corn silk and then cut the corn into two or three pieces.  He was just moving to grab some more of the vegetables when he heard someone pull up.

Gus opened the door as Mr. Carter ran up to the door. “Please come in.”

“I just saw your dads and brother walking into the store.  I hope they don’t plan to be long.  The next squall will be coming in soon.”

“They are just grabbing some ice cream so they will come right back.  I made a galette for dessert.”

“Now I am a bit surprised a boy your age even knows it is called a galette.”  George smiled at the boy.

“I took some cooking classes in the summer.  I found I liked it and I was good at it.”

“And there were lots of girls in the class?” George said and then quickly added, “Or a very nice boy?”

“Everyone was nice there but,” he looked at George and smiled, “I am looking for a nice girl.”

As the conversation continued, George made himself at home and got pots and pans out, “ I have a sweetheart of a daughter.  She just left for college this fall and I miss her.  It was hard on her when her mama died but she is strong and smart just like her mother.”

“What’s her name?”

“Martha Lee,” George smiled again. “She hates that name but she goes by Marlee.”  George put a large pot of water on the stove.  He could see Gus was surprised at the size of the pot.

“Almost everyone has a pot this size out here.  It is just for a Seafood Boil. It would usually be done on the beach over an open fire but this time of year we move inside.”  George directed Gus to cut the onions in half and peel them. “Gus, your brother seems to be fragile.  Is he sick?”

Gus told George about Aiden’s disease.  “He is doing well right now but he will always be smaller and have to take medication.  Every few years he seems to have a setback but Uncle Victor, my dads’ best friend, is his doctor and he takes really good care of him.”

“It is obvious you are both loved.”

“My dads are the best. I think I will heat some water.  My dads will probably want to make some coffee for themselves but Aid will like hot chocolate.”  

George watched the young man thinking ahead to care for his family.  He liked this boy.  He liked this family. It was obvious this family had a decent income and yet this boy didn’t act like any over privileged teenager he had met and he had met many living here.

The door opened and Justin, Aiden, and Brian walked in.  “Damn, it is kicking up again out there.”

“I have hot chocolate ready for you, Little Bro, and dads, the coffee maker is ready so you can make coffee.”

As Gus poured the creamy drink into a cup when Aiden said, “That looks good. Thanks, Gus.”

Brian started a cup of coffee and passed it to Justin as he made a second cup. 

“You found ice cream?” Gus asked.

“We did.  The clerk looked surprised that anyone would buy ice cream on a day like this,” Justin commented. He held his mug out to Brian who put a shot of whiskey in Justin’s mug and in his own.  “George, would you like a cup?”

“In a few minutes.  We almost have the prep ready and then I will have time to enjoy some spiked coffee.  Gus, why don’t we each take one of the fish and you can follow what I do.  It is the best way to learn.  Fifteen minutes later everyone was sitting around the fireplace.  While the pot boiled and the fish waited to be put in the oven at the last minute.”

“George, are you a chef somewhere, or were you?” Gus asked.

“I just call myself a cook but I had some training years ago.  Now I run a restaurant here on the island. I supply my own seafood so that’s why I was on the boat this morning.”

“George, can I go out on your boat sometime?”  Aiden asked the older man.

“Well if you are only here for the weekend I am afraid that won’t be possible. Not only is the weather too bad but my boat is out of order. But, if you come back next summer, I promise you a voyage.”

Aiden walked over to his dads and got on Brian’s lap and looked at the two of them. “Big Daddy and Daddy, can we?”

“I think that might be possible.” Justin smiled at Aiden.

“Just let me know when you want to come and you can stay with me and Marlee.”

“Marlee is George’s daughter.  She is in Boston at college right now,” Gus offered.

“I have a rental place.  Let me know what works and I will save it for you.”

“That would be great!  When we get back we will compare calendars and get a couple options for you.”

Gus went to the kitchen and popped the fish into the oven. “Aid, want to help me set the fancy table?” He pointed toward the formal dining room which they hadn’t even entered since they were there.

“Sure!” The boys left the men so they could finish getting  the meal ready.

“That is a great boy you have and he is very talented in the kitchen.” George said to Brian and Justin.

“Yes, he really is. I didn’t say this to your son but every summer I hire one or two young people who are interested in food service and have them work with me.  Many of them are now well known chefs.  Looking at that dessert he made, I have a feeling he leans to pastry and I have an excellent pastry chef that would love to work with him.”

“Of course that is up to him but I have a feeling Gus will jump at that. I just hate to think of him being away but it would be very good for him,” Justin sighed.  “He is growing up so fast.”

“I would love a whole restaurant full of young people like him. Excuse me, I better check on the fish.”

Fifteen minutes later the five were around the table in the dining room.  George and Gus had put a heavy layer of newspaper and then poured the contents of the pot on the paper.  The fish were placed on a platter and everyone was digging in.

The next hour was filled with food and stories.  Gus figured out that George was more than a restaurateur.  “George, why didn’t you tell me you were a well known chef.”

“If I am so well known, I wouldn’t need to tell you who I am,” he smiled.

“I thought I had seen your face and when we finished setting the table I did a quick search.  By your name there are 3 Michelin stars.  You are one of the best…”

“Gus, I hope people enjoy my food but I don’t care what those fancy people say.”

“I agree.  I love it when people enjoy my cooking.  But I do it for the people I love.”

“Gus, whatever you decide to do, you will do it well.”

Everyone ate their fill and Brian said, “I think we need to wait a bit before we eat dessert.  Let’s move back to the fireplace where we can see the cove.”

Aiden and Gus worked on the puzzle while the men talked about a lot of different things.  They asked about property on the island and if there was anything for sale.  They both could tell Gus would end up here part time so it would make sense to have a place here.  It didn’t have to be this fancy, just a small cottage, but a place they could use on a weekend now and then.  It was much closer than the mountain home.  

Aiden walked over to Justin, “Daddy, can we have dessert now.  I’m getting tired.”

“Sure we can.” Gus was already moving to the kitchen.  He had set the caramel out earlier and now he warmed it for just a few moments in the microwave.  He assembled Aiden’s dessert first and brought it to him and then assembled the other four dishes. Now knowing who George was, Gus was nervous.  He could help Gus get into a school or get him a job later, if he was impressed.

Gus put the apple galette on each plate, drizzled it with caramel and then added a small dip of ice cream and then drizzled just a bit more caramel and finished it with a shake of cinnamon sugar.  Everyone was silent as they ate.  After about three bites George looked at him. “Gus, this is first class. The crust is flaky and baked through.  The apples are not too sweet and not overcooked. And this caramel, this took skill.”

Gus couldn’t believe  what he had said.  He really meant what he said and that is what counted. 

“Gus keeps us well fed but Justin has been doing it for years.  If it wasn’t for the two of them and our nanny we would have take out every night.”

“Cooking is a great family activity.  It brings a family closer.  My wife and I started cooking with Marlee when she was younger than Aiden.  It was always our happy place.” George saw Aiden yawn.  “It is time for me to go. How long are you folks around?”

“We leave Sunday, late afternoon.”

“The storm is supposed to be cleared out by then.  I am sorry the weather is so bad for you but I can see you can make your own entertainment. How about I drop off some tiger prawn for dinner tomorrow night.”

“You don’t need to do that, George, but if you insist, join us again?”

“I can’t. Tomorrow night I will be at the restaurant. But why don’t you come to my place for brunch on Sunday.  I will have John pick you up at 10:00?”

“That sounds great. You are too kind, George.” Justin stood picking Aiden up.  I need to get this guy tucked in bed.”

Aiden waved at George.  "Bye, George.  See you soon."

"Good night, Aiden. Sleep well and keep an eye out for broken boats."

"I will." He laid his head on Justin's shoulder and Justin moved up the steps.

George moved to the door and Brian walked with him.  "You are a blessed man, Brian."

"You don't have to tell me that. I know what I have and will do everything I can to keep it."

Once Brian came back to the kitchen, he helped Gus clean up.  “Dad, I can’t believe I spent the evening cooking with George Carter. He is a legend in some places but he wouldn’t play their games.  He wouldn’t jack up his prices and cut down on portion size so he left the city and moved out here.”

“Gus, George is going to ask you to come here for the summer.  He wants you to train with him.”

“Dad, are you kidding?”

“No, that’s why your dad and I are going to try to get a place for the summer. We can come and stay for part of the summer at least.”

“I can’t believe this? I am going to work with a Michelin chef. I love Martha’s Vineyard.”


Saturday, George was true to his word and he had shrimp delivered to their house.  It wasn’t sunny but the storm had calmed down and they spent some time outside.  First taking a walk and then the four of them got in the hot tub.  After their shrimp dinner they watched an old movie and then Saturday was over.  

Brian and Justin lay in bed after making love. Brian’s head was on Justin’s chest as he listened to his heartbeat.  “I think we really do need to buy a place here or at least get a rental for the summer.  You could work from here, right?”

“I probably could for a few weeks at a time. I think it would be good for Aiden, too.  Maybe Raymond could come for part of the time.”  Justin stroked Brian’s skin. “We will check into a house here but for now get those kissable lips up here.  Brian trapped Justin under his own body and after kissing him slid his hand down lower for round two.


Sunday morning everyone packed up their bags and at 10:00 a.m. John arrived and drove them to George’s restaurant.  George gave them a tour of the kitchen, pointing out all the special features of it.  Gus was more and more excited.  

They went back into the dining room and were given carte blanche for the brunch bar before George excused himself to go back to work but he had gotten their information and he promised to be in contact.

Gus kept going back ‘one more time’ to sample everything available.  When they were ready to go back to the house he walked home instead of riding back with the rest.  He knew he had plenty of time so he strolled along the shore and when he got to the beach below their house, he sat on the steps and watched the ocean.  He had been to the ocean before but it was different here. He belonged here.

Brian saw Gus sitting down there and walked down the steps to the beach.  He sat down on the steps above him and leaned forward, putting his arms around Gus. “Gus, are you doing alright?”

“I am, Dad.  This weekend has been amazing.  I am so glad we are here together and I am really sure now that I want to go to culinary school.”

“I’m glad, Gus.  Some people take years to find the job they want.  And if you decide later you want to do something else, that’s fine too.  We just want you to be happy.  And no matter what you do we are proud of you.”

“Dad, I know that. If you and Dad hadn’t gotten me out of Mom’s house I would probably be sent somewhere getting clean. I want to always make you proud.” He turned and kissed his dad’s cheek.  

“Hey, guys, the car will be here in a few minutes.” Justin called from the house.

“We’re coming,” they called in unison. When they got to the top of the steps, Gus turned around and looked over the cove before turning around and going inside.


The plane had been waiting when they arrived at the airport and they were home in time for Aiden to take a bath and get into bed at his normal bedtime. Tomorrow was life back to normal but without Daklin hanging over their head it was a whole new life.

 

Chapter 10 by Simply written

Chapter 10

The week of Thanksgiving was upon them.  Ted and Victor left Monday morning for Montana and the boys, although they would be with their mom on Thanksgiving Day the remainder of the time they would be at Brian and Justin’s house. Gus had met with Mitchell at Justin’s office three times and he felt a lot better about the event they had planned for Friday.  Cass had planned to go with friends for the weekend so he asked if he and JR could use her apartment.  He didn’t tell her what they were using it for other than they wanted a night without their little brothers.  She probably thought it was to watch porn, not to have sex.  

On Wednesday, Gus drove JR and Raymond to their mom’s house.  Aiden went along and after dropping their friends off, Gus went through a drive through and they each got some ice cream. Brian and Justin said they would be late tonight because they had a conference call with a client on the West Coast. They told him to order a pizza and leave them some.  

When they got to the house Gus said, “Hey, Aid, do you want pizza or breakfast tonight?”

“Can we have waffles and sausage?”

“That sounds good to me.  You know where the waffle iron is.  Can you pull it out of the cabinet?” As he said it he got eggs, butter, and milk out of the refrigerator.  He talked to Aiden as  he put sausage into the oven. He made waffle batter and scrambled the eggs. He was just pulling the sausage out of the oven when he heard the garage door go up.

“Daddies are home!” As Aiden yelled the obvious he scooted off the counter but as he did he knocked the stool over and having one foot on it, he fell down with it. For a split second Gus froze but then he moved quickly as Aiden let out a shriek. 

Gus dropped next to him and started talking to him, “Hey, Bro, what hurts?”

Aiden reached up wanting to be in Gus’ arms but Gus made him lie still.  “Just lay there for a minute.  Our dads will be here any second.  Did you hit your head? Does it hurt?”

“I bumped it a little.”

Gus heard the garage door into the house open and called out.  “Dads come quick! Aid, do your arms or legs hurt?”

“My leg hurts a little.  It twisted funny when the stool tipped.”

Justin dropped to the floor by Aiden while Brian asked Gus, “What happened?”  Putting his arm around his upset son.

“He was up on the island he always is and when he heard the garage door he was going to run and meet you but the stool started to tip and his foot was caught and…. I’m sorry, I should have been watching him more.  I was making breakfast for dinner.  Oh, shit, I have a waffle burning.” Gus rushed to the waffle iron.

Justin stood with Aiden in his arms and set him on the counter.  “I will get some ice for your ankle.  Gus, he is fine.  You did nothing wrong.”

“Gus, you didn’t make me get hurt.  I just have a sore foot.” Brian kissed Aiden and wiped the tears off his cheeks.  “Gus made us waffles and eggs and sausage.  We didn’t want pizza.”

Brian walked over to Gus.  “He is fine, Gus.  You did nothing wrong.  We all have him sit up there when we are working up here.  Now what can I carry to the table for you?”

Gus pointed to a bowl of scrambled eggs and a bowl of sausages in the oven staying warm.  Gus pulled out the plate of waffles  and by the time he sat down at the table Aiden sat on a chair with a bag of peas laying over his ankle on the chair next to him.

“Gus, you didn’t do anything wrong.  You were making my favorite breakfast for me. My pants just got caught on the stool.”

“It scared me, Aiden.  I am so glad you are not hurt badly. Now eat your waffles.”

All four of them sat and ate everything Gus had made.   “Daddy, can I take a bath in your tub tonight?”

“Sure you can. Then we can put the peas back on your ankle before you go to sleep.”

“Ok.” Aiden said. 

Justin walked around the table and kissed Gus, “You are always looking out for your brother.  We know that.  Kids fall and get bumps and bruises.  You did the same thing we always do.” Gus finally relaxed a little.

Justin bent down and Aiden climbed on his back.  “Big Daddy, are you coming up?”

“I will be there in just a couple minutes.  I will be there to help wash your hair.”

“Ok, Big Daddy.” 

Brian walked to Gus. “Gus, I will always trust you with your brother.  You love him as much as we do and you always look out for him.  He has a slight bump on his head and a little swelling on his ankle.  By the time the turkey is ready tomorrow, he will even forget he fell.  Now, don’t touch anything down here.  Go and enjoy your evening.  Once Aid is in bed I’ll come down and put this all in the dishwasher.”

“I can do it, Dad.  It will only take a couple minutes and you have been working all day,”

Brian kissed the top of his head, “You are so much more a man than I was at your age.” Brian moved to the staircase and called, “I’m on my way, Aiden.”

 

Gus did a quick clean job in the kitchen and then went up to his room.  He laid on his bed and pulled out his computer and started looking online for culinary schools. He was so excited already for next summer.  Not that he wasn’t excited about Christmas coming and the rest of the school year.  He knew he had one more year of high school but he could finish high school by  the next December and then he could either start school a semester early or work with George until he could start school.  His guidance counselor was going to check on his credits but thought it was a great idea.  He hadn’t mentioned it to Cass yet but he was going to talk to her before he brought it up to his dads.

Ted and Victor sat in front of the fireplace in Justin and Brian’s cabin.  It had been a long time since they had been completely alone.  

“Well, we have all the decisions made on the cabin right?” Ted asked as he nuzzled Victor’s neck. “Damn, that new cologne is so nice.” Ted ran his teeth along his ear lobe.

“Mon amour, we will be in our completed cabin for Christmas.” Victor purred as he ran his hand on Ted’s cock. “Let’s make love in front of the fire.  We will not be interrupted here. They both stood and slowly  removed all their clothes, kissing and stroking as they did so. “My love,” Victor said as he took Ted down to the rug and blankets that were laid out there.  As soon as he joined him he took him into his arms.  “The next time we are here, we will make love in front of our own fireplace with our boys sleeping in their rooms.

“And a year ago we hadn’t seen this place and we didn’t have our family.” Ted kissed him.

“As long as I am with you, I have my family but I love those boys. I do hope they will always consider our home as their home.  But they are not here right now, which is a good thing since we are naked in the living room and I am going to make love to you until you beg me to stop.”

“Then we better change our plane tickets,” was Ted’s response as he rolled over pinning Victor down and claiming his mouth.

Justin slid over and kissed Brian properly. When they separated he said, "What happened with Aiden last night?"

"He wet the bed. He tried to get up but his ankle hurt and well..."

"Poor kid. I bet he felt horrible."

"He was afraid I'd be angry. I pulled the sheets off and tossed them in the battub and then brought him in here because I was too lazy to make his bed."

"I love you, Brian Kinney.  And we should have thought of that."

"Tonight we can set up the baby monitor we used when he was young. Then if he needs us he can hyst call." Brian's hand slid into the shorts Justin was wearing and grasped his cheek.

"I wish we had time, love, but we don't. I don't want Gus to feel like he needs to make all the food if he doesn't want to."

"What time are we leaving?"

"Gus told Mom he wanted to help with some of the food so we are supposed to be there by 11:00 and we are eating around 1:00."

"Aiden will have fun with Tasha and don't you think it is a good time to make sure everyone is still game to go to the cabin for Christmas?"

"Is you mom still talking about getting married at the courthouse sometime?"

"Yes. I wish she would just have a small ceremony."

"Like at the cabin?"

"Do you think that could really happen?"

"I do. One of us could do an internet minister thing and we could marry them while we are all together. Does Joe have family that would come?"

"No, he doesn't have any family that would come."

"Well, let's bring it up today." Brian pushed Justin's ass so their pelvises were pressed together tightly. "I know, I know you have to go downstairs."

Justin brushed his lips against Brian’s once more and then slipped out of bed. He pulled on some sweats and a t-shirt.  “Maybe we will have time for a quick shower in about an hour, if I get everything done. Can you get Aid some clothes when you come down? If you help I can promise you time in the shower.”

“I will be down in about five minutes, right after I get Aiden’s clothes.” Brian watched Justin walk out of the room and then got up himself.

 

Brian, Justin, and the boys arrived at Jenn’s at 11:15.  Brian and Justin had come downstairs late so they got a late start.  

“I was just going to text and find out where you were.  It’s not like you to be late.” Jenn kissed Gus as he walked in with food. Then Justin came in carrying the rest of the food and Brian carried Aiden in.  “Aiden, baby, is something wrong?”

“I sprained my ankle yesterday.  My dads say it will be alright but it does hurt but Uncle Victor isn’t here to make it better.”

“Well, now I can see why you are late.” She took Aiden and kissed him, hugging him tightly.

“Oh, Gus and I were ready.  Our daddies took a long time in the shower.”

“Come on, Aid, why don’t you and I sit down and find some game to play.” Brian said, taking Aiden to the family room.

“I guess I am glad you two still love each other,” Jenn commented before giving Gus directions to making the green bean casserole.

“Mom,” Justin started, “have you and Joe thought anymore about your wedding?”

“I think we are just going to go to the courthouse sometime before Christmas.”

“Brian and I were talking this morning and thought maybe you could get married while we are at the cabin.”

“That would be a lovely place to get married but we are missing something up there that we need. Someone that can marry us.”

“We thought about that.  One of us could go online and do whatever we need to do to make it legal.” 

“Justin, you don’t need to do all that. I don’t need anything fancy.”

“Mom, I am not talking fancy and I know you could go downtown but you two love each other and I think it would be more meaningful with your kids and grandkids and we would like to be there.”

“Really?” Jenn asked Justin.

From behind Jenn, Gus wrapped his arms around Jenn, “I’d like to be there. It’s going to be a happy day for you.  We want to be there.”

“I would love all of you there.  If you can make it legal, I would love to get married on Christmas at your gorgeous home.” Justin and Gus hugged her from both sides.  “Oh, I guess I need to ask my fiance before I say yes.”

“Ask your fiance what?” Joe walked in the door.  “It smells amazing in here.” He walked over to the three of them.  “Do you mind if I kiss my fiance?”

“Not at all.  Kiss away.”  Justin stepped away with Gus.

“I didn’t know Grandma also had a kissing addiction,” Gus said laughingly as Jenn and Joe kissed next to them.

Jenn separated an inch or two away from Joe and said, I can think of something much worse to be addicted to,” she smiled at Gus and kissed Joe once more.  

“What were you going to ask me?” Joe asked.

“Justin and Brian asked if we wanted to get married at the cabin on Christmas.” Jenn looked up into his eyes as she said it.  “I told them I didn’t care where I got married but they assured me they want to be there.”

“I think that is an amazing idea. Is our ring bearer around here?” Joe asked, looking for Aiden.

“I’m in here, Grandpa Joe.  I prained my ankle.”

Joe looked at Justin seriously, who mouthed, he’ll be fine.  “Well, I’m coming to you then.  Your dad doesn’t get all the fun, playing games with you.”  

As Joe walked into the family room Justin kissed his mom’s cheek, “I really do like him.”

“I’m glad because I really love him.” 

Before Justin could say anything the door opened and Spencer walked in with Tasha and Molly right behind with a basket of food.  Soon the house was abuzz with chatting and movement all over.  Tasha was playing a game with Aiden and Grandpa Joe while Brian and Spencer set the table.

“Mol, you’re planning to come to the cabin for Christmas, aren’t you?”

“Yes, we are planning on it.  We are going to leave before New Year’s Eve to head to my parents but we will definitely be there on Christmas Day.” Spenc replied.

“That’s good because Joe and I are getting married at the cabin.” Jenn told them. There were hugs all around.  A few minutes later they got food for the small kids who sat at a small table and the adults sat around the dining room table after walking through buffet style to fill their plates. The conversation went to the wedding and plans began. 

The day went quickly and soon it was 5:00 and Brian and Justin needed to get home so they were there when Raymond and JR came back.  Gus had Aiden climb on his back and took him around so he could say goodbye to everyone and then took him out to the SUV while Brian and Justin followed.  Everyone assured each other they would be in contact soon about the trip to the mountains. 

By the time they had backed out of the driveway, Aiden was asleep in his booster seat with his head resting on Gus’ shoulder. When Justin was sure Aiden was asleep he said softly, “Gus, do you have everything you need for tomorrow night?”

“Dad, if you are asking if I have condoms, yes.”

“And lube? You will need that.”

“The only thing I was wondering about was Mitchell said sometimes a butt plug is a good way to loosen up someone, especially if you aren’t comfortable using your finger.”  Gus said a little squeamishly. 

“I know we have some in the package.  I’ll slip them in your room sometime tomorrow.”

“You know, Gus, you might enjoy using one yourself.  You might be surprised how it makes you feel.  I know straight guys that like to use them and sometimes their wives like them as well.”

Gus didn’t respond for a bit. When he did it was about dinner tomorrow.  “Do you think it would be Ok to order pizza tomorrow?”

“Sure but I think I would wait for a late night dinner, after….”

“Why...Oh, never mind.  Do not explain that to me! I got it.”

“Gus,” Justin turned and looked at his oldest son.  “I know this isn’t something you are overly excited about but I promise, if you relax and remember how much you care about JR as your best friend, it will be good for both of you. You make me proud everyday.”

“I do love him as my best friend and if I say I’d do anything for him, I guess I would.”

When Brian pulled into the garage, he grabbed the food while Justin carried Aiden into the house. “Hi Daddy, are we home?”

“We are, Aid.  Do you want to lay on the sofa until Raymond gets here?”

“Can I try walking on my foot? I’m tired of sitting.” Justin set him on the sofa. “GC, come here please.” GC walked over to Aiden.  Aiden held onto GC’s harness and pulled himself up. He walked around the coffee table once, cringing as he did, and then dropped back on the sofa.

Justin had watched them and sat down on the arm of the sofa, scratching GC behind the ear.  “Still hurts, doesn’t it?”

“Ya, a little but GC helped.  I love GC.”

“He is a great dog. He will always help you.”  The doorbell rang and Justin went to answer it. JR and Raymond stood there with their mom.  They each gave her a hug and then Justin said, “Gus is in his room.  Aiden is in the family room. I hope you had a nice day,” he said to their mom.

“Sally, nice to see you.  How are you?” Justin asked JR and Raymond’s mother.

“I’m tired.  School is kicking my butt but I will finish a year from now. I don’t know how I would do it if the kids lived with me.  I felt horrible when I realized what my ex had pulled with Raymond.  Victor and Ted have been a godsend. They are great.  I  know it was the right place for JR but Raymond, I wasn’t sure.”

“Because JR is gay?”

“Nothing personal but yes.  And he is such a quiet boy anyway and well, I just wasn’t sure but it has been perfect for him.  And he is doing so good in school.”

“Well, I hate to but I have to work tonight.  I felt bad I couldn’t keep the boys but I could work extra shifts for double time.”

“Not a problem, Sally.  It actually keeps our boys entertained, too.” Justin stood there while Sally drove away.  He wondered if JR knew his mother’s true feelings about him being gay.  He knew she loved JR but she was a bit unsure how to handle his sexuality.  He just needed her love and he would be fine.  He had Victor and Ted for the rest.


“Hey Gus,” JR said as he came into the room.

“How was Thanksgiving at your mom’s?”

“It was good.  My other brother and sister were there and I hadn’t seen them for a while. And Mom was so happy we were all home.”

“Are you still planning on tomorrow?”

“If you are willing.”

Gus walked over to him and kissed him. It was a bit tentative at first but JR pulled him close and slipped his tongue between Gus’ lips.  JR moved his hands to Gus’ ass and as he pushed his pelvis against Gus’ and he felt Gus react. Gus took a step back. He was flushed and flustered. 

“Um, wow, um...Oh, ya, we are going to go to Cass’ apartment.” He was having a hard time looking JR in the eye.  “And my dads suggested…”

“Gus, if you don’t want to do this, I understand.  I don’t want this to ruin our friendship.”

“I’ll admit I am a little uncomfortable but it isn’t going to change anything between us.  I can’t get through high school without you.”  Gus smiled and punched JR in the arm.  “Oh, by the way, did your dads ever mention using a butt plug?”

“My dads said it would be more comfortable for you if you used that before we had sex.”

“They did mention that.  I think I have everything I need to prepare.  I don’t think I should eat much after lunch and then I will need some time to…”

“It’s cool, JR. I know what it all takes. If I ever thought that you can choose who you love, I don’t after talking to Mitchell.  He told me everything it takes to prepare for sex.  I don’t want to know what my dads all go through but Mitch said if he plans ahead, like for something special, it takes a long time.”

“I promise to make this as easy for you as possible.” JR looked at his friend.

“JR, just enjoy it.  We are going to be fine. We both did our homework and we aren’t in love but we love each other.”

JR hugged Gus, “You are so right.  I am scared but in the best way.”

Gus dropped in a gaming share.  “Let me kick your butt tonight and then tomorrow night I will screw it.” JR looked at Gus and they both cracked up.  

“I think this is my night to kick yours.”


By the next morning, Aiden was able to walk a little. Everyone was glad that Raymond was there to keep him entertained.  As Raymond and Aiden sat and colored he noticed a tear running down Ray’s cheek.  He limped over to Justin who was working on his laptop on the sofa.  “Daddy, my friend is crying.” 

Justin glanced over and set the computer on the coffee table and walked over, helping Aiden. He kneeled next to Raymond and gently put an arm around him.  “What’s wrong Raymond?”

Ray sniffed a couple times, “Uncle Justin, I miss Daddy Ted and Daddy Vic.  When are they coming home?”

“Oh, sweetheart, they will be home tomorrow morning.  They are going to fly on the plane tonight so they can be here for breakfast.”

He took a shuddering breath. “I miss them a lot.”

“I know I am not one of your daddies but would a hug help?” Knowing how nervous Ray was a short time ago he didn’t want to push him but it broke his heart to see this little boy sad.

Ray nodded and wrapped his arms around Justin who hugged him back. After a few moments Ray let loose and smiled at Justin.  “Thank you, Uncle Justin.  I feel better now.”

“Raymond, my daddies are good huggers and if you need a hug I can give good hugs, too.” 

Ray, knowing Aiden’s foot still hurt, got off his seat and walked to Aiden’s chair and they hugged before they went back to coloring like nothing had occurred.

“Boys, I’ll be right back.  I need to talk to Brian and will be right back.”

“Ok, Daddy.” Aiden said while Justin moved down the hallway.

Justin opened the door and stepped in. Brian glanced up, “What’s wrong, babe?”

“I just need a hug.  Can I get a hug?” Brian walked over and cocooned him in his long arms. 

“What is it, Justin?” Brian kissed his cheeks and then his mouth. 

When they separated he looked at Brian with moist eyes.  “Raymond misses Ted and Victor but he let me hug him and then he hugged Aiden.  That little boy is starting to trust and learning that there are good guys in the world.”

“And he has met some of the best.  He has met you.”

“Ted and Victor are going to be so thrilled. He is such a sweet boy.”

“Well, tomorrow they will be home. Now, I am sure you need more comforting.” Brian kissed him again but Justin soon took a step away. 

“One of us needs to get back to the kids.  I will have lunch ready at noon. I have turkey soup simmering from the leftovers Mom gave us.”

“Love you, Justin.”

“I love you, too, Bri.”


Gus had woken up with a hard on.  That was normal but he wasn’t used to feeling someone’s mouth sliding up and down it. “Fuck, you are good at that,” Gus had managed to say before he exploded. “You didn’t need to do that.”

“Who said I had to? Considering what you are going to do for me tonight, I wanted to give you a good morning.” 

They had spent the morning playing video games and after turkey soup for lunch along with some crusty French bread and a few other munchies they had around.  When they finished eating they both grabbed a backpack filled with items they would need to stay overnight at Cass’ apartment.  JR spent most of the afternoon in the bedroom since the bathroom entrance was located inside there.  

It was about 5:00 pm when JR came out of the room. His walk was a little stilted.Grabbing a water and sat down next to Gus.

"Everything come out alright?" Gus glanced at JR and then fell the other direction, laughed. "I couldn't  resist."

JR smiled, "I'm good! I wouldn't want to do it every day."

"I know my dads don't very often but they have been together so long."

"If I ever get a boyfriend we will figure something out."

Gus sat up and leaned over and kissed JR.  “You will have a boyfriend.  I think you will have more than you know what to do with.” The kiss went on for several moments before they separated.  “Are you nervous?”

“I’d be lying if I said no but I trust you and I think I know what to expect.”

“Mitchell said it is important for you to relax and for me to take it slow.  Do you have the thing in your ass?”

“If you couldn’t tell, I did better than I thought.”

“Does it hurt?”

“It did when I put it in but now, I have to admit it feels kind of good in a weird way.  As soon as I put it in I got a hard on and once in a while when I move it is like a shot of electricity shoots through me.”

“My dads said I should try it.”

“You should.  I am going to lose my load the next time I move, I swear.” Gus stood up, “You going to go try it?”

“You don’t get to have all the fun.” He strode to the bedroom and shut the door. A minute later JR said, “Shit!”

“Give it a second to adjust.” 

The door slowly opened and Gus waddled out. “Damn, that feels really weird.  I’m not saying it didn’t hurt going in but I know what you mean about that jolt.” He stood in one place for a minute adjusting.

“Ya, I waited about 15 minutes before coming out here.  You’ll adjust.”

As the boys sat side by side both were moving a little bit on the sofa.  Neither could sit still.

Gus was getting a little flushed.  He stood and held out a hand to JR. “I think it’s time. We are both about to explode.  I always wondered why my dads made prostate jokes.  Shit, I only knew what it was because of biology.”

JR tugged Gus’ hand and they walked into the bedroom. “I always wanted to get in her bed again but I wasn’t expecting it would…”

“Gus, shut up,” JR said.

Gus glanced over at JR and took his other hand, facing him, “I’m sorry.  I am just a little nervous and I use comic relief.”

“I know,” JR replied, taking a step closer to Gus, who moved a hand behind JR’s head and pulled him toward him until their lips met.  As they kissed, Gus began to undo JR’s fly.  JR followed suit and once they had their pants undone they separated and pulled their shirts off and stepped out of their pants. 

Although they had seen each other naked many times, this was the first time they stood and looked at each other but quickly they were uncomfortable with that.  They both knew this was not a romantic interlude. They cared about each other but as friends. JR went into the bathroom and when he came back out Gus guided JR to the bed.  They had agreed the best way for the two of them to do this was with JR leaning over the bed.  They didn’t want to try anything too fancy and they agreed it might be uncomfortable looking into each other’s eyes. Gus slipped on a condom and  then added KY jelly.  

“I’m ready.  You don’t need to add more,” JR commented.  

That was when Gus noticed JR had laid a towel out in front of where he leaned. Gus wrapped one arm around JR’s waist and he began to gently started pressing.  “Relax, JR.” Gus felt him push out a little and then Gus sank all the way in slowly.  “Wow, you are so tight.” Gus began to move faster and he felt JR tremble.  

“Oh, god, Gus!” and with that, JR shot cum all over the towel in front of him.

Gus looped his arms under JRs and rested his hands on his shoulders. He thrust a couple more times and he shuddered and came. He stayed in that position for a couple minutes until he and JR had stopped shaking. He stepped away and stripped off the condom. “Are you alright? I didn’t hurt you, did I?” Gus asked.

JR stood up and stretched his back. “Gus, you did just the right things. You really are a good friend.” JR hugged him in a big bear hug.  “I had no doubt I was gay but now I know that sex is amazing and when I am ready in a relationship, I won’t be petrified.” JR smiled at him, “Can we order dinner, I’m starving.  Is Chinese Ok?”

“Chinese is great, JR. I have a credit card.” Gus pulled out his phone and they started ordering.

After Gus had ordered the Chinese, he texted his dad, ‘All is good, Chinese is on the way. Send delivery back here, please, if they come to your door’.


Brian read the text that had come in.  Aiden and Raymond had just gone upstairs to play for a couple hours before bedtime so Justin and Brian were sipping wine in front of the fireplace. “Well, the deed is done.  JR is no longer a virgin.”

“Did he say anything else?”

“They ordered Chinese.”

Justin squeezed Brian’s thigh, “That is all he said?” He bit Brian’s ear and tugged a bit.

“Damn,” he mumbled as the hand on his thigh moved to his crotch. “Yes, that is all he said.” Brian grabbed the back of Justin’s neck and crushed his lips with his own. Justin’s hand went around Brian’s neck.  

“Think the boys will want to go to bed early?” Justin asked.

“Let’s give them a little more time to play and then put them in bed.”  Justin scooted down and laid his head on Brian’s lap and continued to gently move his head against Brian’s growing cock. They saw motion in the backyard and realized it was the carry out Gus had ordered.

“Now can we go upstairs?” Justin asked.

“What did you eat today? You are as horny as our 17 year old son.”

“You know when I was checking on plugs for Gus?” Justin looked at Brian.

“Yes?”

“I found one of our vibrating beads and when I checked on the boys  a little while ago, I put them in and I am dying for relief.”

“I don’t think there is any need to rush.” Brian smirked and ran his hand along the now protruding cock.

“Fuck, Brian!” Justin’s whole body trembled as he fought to keep control.

“I think the boys would like to take a long bath in our tub.” 

“Bri…” Brian stood up and offered his hand to Justin. 

“I promise to make it worth your while.” Brian kissed him and pushed him in the direction of the stairs.


Gus and JR both sat low on the sofa. “I am so full!” Gus groaned.

“We probably didn’t need both the crab rangoons and dumplings.” JR held his stomach. “Thanks, Gus.”

“Thanks for what?”

“I really don’t want to spell it out to you.”

“You’re welcome. You are the best friend I have ever had. You helped me through a really rough time.”

“Gus, we helped each other through rough times.  Now start that movie!”


By the time the little boys got out of the bathtub, Brian saw Raymond getting very quiet.  Brian wrapped a big fluffy towel around him and picked him up. He hugged him tightly and whispered, “Your daddies will be here for breakfast.” Raymond hugged Brian back.

Justin let Brian do the final tuck-ins because he could barely move now.  He was afraid with every step he would cum. He stripped and just waited for Brian who must have been taking his time on purpose.  When he finally strode in he was totally naked.  Justin was sure precum was leaking out now. 

Brian surprised him by pushing him onto the bed and as he took Justin’s cock into his mouth he began to pull the beads out. Justin bit his lip and lost his senses as Brian took all he could get. Once Justin had time to regain his composure, Brian moved behind him and then thrust himself deep inside of Justin and he lost control himself.

Half an hour later they had taken a shower and laid side by side, fingers linked.  “It has been a great weekend so far and we still have a couple days.” Justin turned into Brian’s arms. “Ted and Victor will be here for breakfast.  I hope their house is coming along well.”

“According to the email I got, it will be finished by our Christmas holiday.” Brian kissed his forehead.  “We better get some sleep.  Love you, Justin.”

 

“I love you, too, darling.” Justin said as he relaxed against Brian and was soon softly snoring.


Chapter 11 by Simply written

Chapter 11 


Gus and JR ran to the house from Cass’ apartment.  They had changed her sheets and thrown the dirty ones in the washer. After JR left he would go back and put them in the dryer. 

“Shit, it is cold out this morning.” Gus rushed to the fireplace in the family area and flipped on the switch to start it.

“It will warm up quickly when we get the oven on.  I’m going to text my dads so they will text me when they land.” He sent his message and then went to help Gus chop veggies for their breakfast frittata. Gus started some bacon and sausage.

“We have to feed eight.  I think the little boys would rather have eggs without the peppers and onions and we probably need more anyway.”

“Do you think your dads would stop for croissants or breakfast rolls of some kind?”

JR’s phone sounded and he read it.  They landed.  I will ask them to stop somewhere. He sent a text and one came back.  “They will stop at that great little bakery around the corner.”

Raymond walked into the kitchen and walked to JR and hugged him. “Have you heard from our new dads?”

“They are on the way. Where is Aiden?”

“He went to say good morning to his dads and he didn’t know if he could walk down by himself,” Raymond replied.

“JR, if you will keep an eye on the food I’ll go get Aid.”

“No problem.”


Brian and Justin lay naked on the bed.  They were both covered with sweat after a fast and furious lovemaking session when they heard a tap, tap, tap on their door.  “One minute, Aiden.” Justin said as Brian reached down and pulled the sheet over them.  

“Come in, big guy.” Brian called out.  The door opened and Aiden limped in. He moved across the room and Brian lifted him into the bed. “How is your ankle?”

Aiden’s bottom lip quivered. “It still hurts and the steps scare me. I thought I might fall.”

“Where is Raymond?” Justin asked after giving Aiden a hug and kiss.

“He went downstairs.  We heard JR and Gus down there.”

There was another knock on the door and Gus stuck his head in.  “I heard someone needed a lift downstairs.”

“I do, Gus.  Thank you!” Gus turned his back to the bed and Aiden climbed on.

Gus turned and looked at his dads, “Uncle Ted and Uncle Victor are on their way.  They should be here in about an hour. JR and I will have breakfast ready and they are stopping at the bakery for some breakfast rolls.”

“We’ll be down in a half hour or so.  We need to take a shower,” Brian commented.

Gus walked out of the room pulling the door shut behind him. Brian and Justin could hear them talking as they moved down the stairs.  “We better get ready.  Ted and Vic will be here soon and they won’t want to wait for the food since they are going to be tired after the overnight trip.

Brian stepped out of bed and tugged Justin out of bed. Justin swayed against him. “You ok?” Brian asked.

“I feel a little light headed but it might be  because most of my blood is still in another part of my body.” Justin took Brian’s arm as they strode to the bathroom.  


Gus set Aiden on the sofa and then brought both little boys a juice box.  “Are you starving or is that enough until all the dads are here?”

“I’m good,” Raymond said.

“Me, too,” Aiden said as Gus dropped a bag of peas on his ankle.

“Gus, I think everything is good.  The meat is in the oven, along with the frittatas.  The timers are on. Did you want to chop up some fruit?”

I took some berries out of the freezer yesterday before we went to Cass’ place.  We should be able to just put that in a bowl with a sprinkle of sugar. How about if we layer them with a little sweetened Greek yogurt in a wine glass?”

“That will work.” Working as a team they assembled them.


Justin kept one hand on either the wall or Brian as they showered. “Is your stomach queasy?”

“Not really, although I’m not really hungry.  I really just have a headache.”

“You want to go back to bed, Ted and Vic would understand.”

“No, I don’t want them to think I am sick.  I just have a headache. I’ll go down. The food does smell great.”

They got dressed but Brian kept looking over at Justin.  He was never sick. “You’re pale.  Did you feel like this when we made love?”

“I did but I thought I was just light headed because of our passion,” Justin said with humor but he really did believe it.

“Well, once they leave, you can lay down.  They should be here soon.” Justin took Brian’s arm. 

“Just lean on me, love.”

As they stepped onto the foyer floor the front doorbell rang and Brian opened the door. Victor and Ted both had a glow of happiness around them.

“Come in.” Brian opened the door wide.

Justin held onto the staircase until he felt a little less dizzy and walked over and hugged both Ted and Victor and then kept an arm around Victor as they walked into the kitchen where Gus and JR were pulling the food out of the oven. Raymond ran to his dads and they dropped down to him. Brian reached over and balanced Justin, leading him to the counter. Aiden waited patiently for Victor to come to him. When Victor stood, he walked over to the other small boy. 

“I hear you hurt your ankle. Puis-je jeter un œil ?”

“Sure, you can look at it.”

Victor sat on the end of the sofa and lifted the foot and ankle up gently. As he manipulated the ankle he watched Aiden’s face.  He could see it was painful. “Je suis désolé mon petit.”

“It’s Ok, Uncle Victor. It’s not so bad.”

“And you and your dads are right.  I would say by Monday, when you go back to school, you will be alright.  No running, alright?”  Victor opened his arms and Aiden hugged him.

“No running and at home GC helps me.”

Victor helped Aiden walk to the table and everyone sat down to eat. Food was passed around and everyone let both JR and Gus know how good the food was. Ted and Vic told them about the new cabin and that it would be finished by Christmas. When the little boys were done they moved back to the family area and then Victor looked at JR and Gus. “Did you have an enjoyable evening?”

“Very nice.” JR glanced at Gus and smiled.  “I have the best friend in the world.”

Gus flushed a bit.  “I think I’ll start cleaning up.” Gus reached for Justin’s plate and realized he really hadn’t eaten much. “Are you done?”

“Ya, I’m good.” Gus squeezed Justin’s shoulder as he went to the next plate.  JR stood up and started helping too.

“Justin, you do look a little pale today?” Ted commented.

“Well, I haven’t been in the mountains with the love of my life.” Justin said lightly, sending the conversation back to Ted and Victor’s vacation.

Before long JR and Raymond were saying goodbye and as they walked out Ray took both of his dads’ hands. JR walked behind them carrying both his and Raymond’s bags. you are coming right back up here to bed.”

“Let’s go"

As soon as they were out the door, Gus moved to Justin.  “What’s wrong, Dad?” he said softly, not wanting Aiden to hear.

“I just have a massive headache.”

“Why didn’t you say so? Victor…”

“Victor is a pediatrician and it is just a migraine.”

“I never knew you had migraines.”

“I had them as a teenager.  This is just a fluke.  I’m going to go take a nap and I bet it will be gone.”

“I’ll help you upstairs. Dad’s got Aiden and Cass will be home soon.” Gus walked with him up the steps and to his room. 

“Could you pull the drapes so it is darker in here?”

Gus got the room as dark as he could and then brought the bottle of aspirin with caffeine and a glass of water for him. Once Gus was sure Justin was in bed and settled, he went back downstairs.  He met Brian’s eyes and nodded.  “I have to go back to Cass’ apartment and put her sheets in the dryer. I’ll be back in a little bit.” Gus put the sheets in the dryer and left Cass a note letting her know if she felt like working this afternoon or evening they could use her.

When Gus got back into the house he said, “It is so cold out there today.”

“Well, then it is a good day to stay in the house,” Brian commented.

“Where did Daddy go, Big Daddy?”

“He has a headache so he is taking a little nap.”

“He never gets sick.”

“He is usually very healthy and that’s why there isn’t anything to worry about.  He just needs a little extra sleep.”

“Ok, can you read to me, Big Daddy?”

Gus spoke up, “Can I read to you?”

“Sure, Gus. Can you pick a good one?”

Brian kissed Gus’ cheek before slipping out of the room. Brian went upstairs and found Justin asleep in their bed.  He laid down next to him and wrapped his arms around him.

Justin turned to him and snuggled into Brian’s chest. “I hate this feeling. I’m not tired so I can’t sleep but my head hurts and my ears pound.  When I sit upI feel dizzy.  Why would I get a migraine after all these years?”

“If you don’t feel any better tomorrow, I am going to call Victor.”

“Bri, they just got home.  I don’t want to take him away from his family on the last day of vacation. Where is Aiden?”

“Gus is reading to him but Cass will be here soon and will help out however we need her.”

“That doesn’t help my boredom or the headache,” Justin snapped.  Justin rarely put himself before the boys and he hardly ever snapped about anything.  That just reinforced how bad he really felt. 

Brian brushed Justin’s hair off of his forehead. “Justin, what can I do for you?”

“Can you just leave me alone?” Justin snapped. He took a breath, “Sorry, I just want to be alone.”

“Text me if you need anything.” Brian kissed his cheek and opened his mouth to say something but Justin shut his eyes and turned away from him.  He slipped out of bed and left the room. He didn’t like this.  He wanted to call Victor and have him come over right away but he knew how angry Justin would be and the last thing he wanted to do is to make them feel worse because of the added stress.


Cass walked into the family room and dropped on the sofa next to Aiden. “Hey, Aid, I hear you get hurt when I am not around.” Aiden turned and hugged her tightly.

“I missed you. Uncle Victor said it will be better by Monday but I can’t run for a little longer. And now Daddy doesn’t feel good but it isn’t his ankle.”

“I heard that. Are you hungry or thirsty? Let me get you a snack.”

“Sure.” Aiden kissed her cheek. “I love you, Cass.”

“Well. Aid, that’s good because I love you, too.”

Cass walked to the far side of the kitchen where Gus was emptying the dishwasher. Cass opened the fridge and got out a bottle of water and started putting cheese on crackers. “How did last night go?” she asked him quietly.

“It went fine.  I hope your apartment wasn’t messy.”

“It looked better than when I left. Did you do the deed?”

“Cass, I don’t want to seem rude but can we leave it at, everything went as planned? It is really personal to JR.”

“Sure, Gus, I understand. I know there is nothing between us anymore but I want you to know that I am going to be moving out. I hope I can still work something out with your dads so I can still take care of Aid part time but I am moving in with the guy I have been seeing.” Gus looked at her but she couldn’t read his face. “Gus, I know…”

“Cass, are you coming back?” Aiden asked from across the large room.

“On my way, big guy.” Softly she said, “We can talk later.” And she walked back to Aiden with his snack. 

“Hey, Cass, thanks for stepping up today.”

“No problem, Brian. I was just going to hang around my apartment. I would rather hang with one of my favorite guys.”  

“What would we do without you, Cass?”

“Um, Brian, I do need to talk to you, and well, Justin if he is feeling better.”

Brian glanced at Aiden and back at her face, “Sure. Maybe after dinner tonight?”

“Yes, that will work.”

Brian moved over to Gus, who was still in the kitchen. “You have barely left the kitchen since we got home from Martha’s Vineyard.”

“Dad, my counselor says if I work really hard I can complete high school in May.  I got credit for some of my summer classes and if I take one extra class next semester I will have all I need.  The counselor has also contacted the local culinary school and they can get me into the fall session.  Dad, I’m not into all the high school crap. I know what I want to do and if George takes me on in the summer….”

“Gus, Justin and I are good with all this but you should talk to your moms.  You need their blessing if you ever want a relationship with them.” 

“I know Mama doesn’t want me to be a ‘cook’.  She thinks I should be a lawyer like her or at least in the ad business like you and Dad. I think Mom is fine with it unless she has a problem with me finishing high school early.”

“Maybe you should visit them tomorrow, if they are around. Better to get it out of the way and if they have a problem, there is more time to talk it out. We will get involved if need be.”

“Thanks, Dad.  I think I will see if Mom is home and check on Mama for tomorrow.” Gus left the kitchen and went upstairs to make a couple calls.


Brian kept thinking about his conversation with Cass. She was moving out.  That would make things a little trickier with their schedules. Things were changing and they would have to make some adjustments by next fall. As Brian walked into their bedroom he had a tray with some cheese and crackers.  He also had a cup of tea. Justin hadn’t eaten anything since the few bites he had at brunch and he didn’t seem to feel any better.  Brian set the tray on the dresser and moved to the bed.  He helped Justin sit up. “Babe, I brought you some tea and there is some cheese and crackers.” Brian kissed his forehead and then brought over the tray.  

Justin picked at his food but did eat a few crackers with cheese and did drink all his tea but then he handed the tray to Brian and slid down on the bed.  “I think it might have to do with my ears.  The right one is thumping and, fuck, this might be the most pain I have ever been in.”

Brian saw a tear slip out. He had never seen Justin cry from physical pain. This had to be bad. He kissed Justin’s cheek and slipped out of the room.  He went downstairs and called Victor.

“Well, Brian, what has you calling this time of night? It isn’t Aiden, is it?”

“No, did you notice Justin was quiet today?”

“I did but everyone has a day they aren’t as chatty. Is there something wrong with him?”

“This morning he felt a bit dizzy and had a headache but as the day went on it got worse and now it is hardly bearable.”

“I will be there in fifteen minutes. If you have a heating pad, plug it in.  If you lay that over the sore ear it might help a bit and I will see if I have any painkiller I will bring one to help him sleep.  I will be there soon.”


Brian was waiting at the door when Victor pulled up.  He walked in and looked at Brian.  “Give me a hug,” he said and he held onto Brian tightly for a moment. “I am sure we can figure out what this is and get him on the road to recovery.  Did you have a heating pad?”

“I did and I laid it on his pillow and he is laying on it now.”

“Brian, you were right to call.  It is probably just a simple thing but there are some serious possibilities that you don’t want to put off. “Let’s go check on him.”

They walked into the bedroom and they could hear Justin making a soft noise.  “Victor, I told him not to call you.” He looked at Brian, “but I am glad he did. I have never hurt like this.”

Victor sat on the edge of the bed and took Justin’s temperature.  Then, very gently, he looked into his ear.  “I thought this is what I would find. You have labyrinthitis.”

“Vic, he might be smart enough to know what that is but I don’t have a clue.” Brian had sat down behind Justin and had a hand resting on Justin’s arm.

“Brian, mon ami, it is an inner ear infection. That is always painful but I think it has also affected a nerve which intensifies both the pain and dizziness. I will give you two shots and have medication delivered first thing in the morning.  The shots will be a steroid and an antibiotic. That will be the two kinds of medications, too.  I am also going to give you some painkillers I have samples of.  The pain should recede soon but you could be dizzy for several weeks.”

“I can’t be sick for weeks. Christmas is only about 4 weeks away.  I have too much to do.”

“You are overall healthy so I would think you will be able to fight the worst of it away.  Some people get rid of the pain but can’t get rid of the light headed feeling. We will try whatever we need to do to get this gone.” 

“Vic, do you have the pain medication? Can we get that into him?”

“Sure we can.” Brian helped Justin sit up enough to take the small pill.  I am going to leave one more here.  In six hours you can take the second. No more than four a day. And now I want to see that shapely derrière.”  Victor gave an injection into each cheek.

“Damn, that burns.” Justin grumbled.

“I will stop by tomorrow and see how it is going.  If there is any change for the worse, let me know, no matter the time.” Victor bent down and kissed Justin’s cheek.  He leaned over and kissed Brian also.  “I am glad you called me. I will see you tomorrow. I’ll show myself out. You stay here.”

Victor opened the door and Gus was standing there.  “I knew I heard your voice.  Is Dad going to be alright?”

“Yes, he should be fine in a couple weeks.  It is an inner ear infection and he may be off-balance but the pain should lessen within 24 hours.”

Gus hugged Victor. “Thanks for coming.”

“Of course.  That’s what friends are for.” He looked Gus in the eye, “He will be fine. JR told us about your evening and you are a very good friend. My son is lucky to have you.” He headed downstairs and walked out the door.  

Using his phone, Gus locked up the house and then peaked in at his dads. Justin seemed to be sleeping and Brian had his arm draped protectively around him. He hoped he could find love like that some day. His mind wandered to Cass. Although he had to admit it hurt a little bit, he was glad she had found someone.  He knew it was time for him to move on, too. He also knew he wasn’t ready for a serious relationship.  He had a plan and nothing was going to stop him from that.  He hoped his moms would agree.

Gus had told his mom he would be there for breakfast.  He actually said he would make them breakfast so at 8:00 he was ready to leave.  He looked in at his dads and saw Aiden between them and GC on the floor. Brian saw him and quietly moved to the door. “Where are you heading so early on a Sunday?”

“I am going to make breakfast for Mom and Nick.  I thought cooking for them might show her how much I really want this. Oh, and then I am going to Mama’s and am having a late lunch with her and Monica. How is Dad?”

“Still in pain but the medication Vic gave him let him sleep and he will have medication this morning.”

“If you need me to do anything just text. Cass told you she is moving out?”

“Yes, she did. We are going to have to figure out how this is all going to work.  I got the feeling she will finish this school year but we better come up with something else after that. Are you Ok with this? I know you two are still close.”

“Dad, we will probably always be friends but we haven’t been together like that.”

“I didn’t think you had.”

“I’m happy for her.  She deserves a great guy and a happy life. I better go. Tell Dad I hope he feels better.” He hugged Brian.  “I’ll let you know when I have an idea what time I’ll be home.”

“Have a nice time with your moms.”

Gus drove to the house he grew up in.  It was funny.  He didn’t think of that at home anymore.  Home was with his dads and Aiden.  Gus made breakfast with the help of Lindsay and after they sat down to eat he told them his plans, “Mom, I am going to finish school this year and next year I will be going to culinary school.  It all fell into place and I just wanted to let you know.  I even have a job for the summer on Martha’s Vineyard.”

“Wow, Gus, it sounds like you have it all worked out. How long have you been planning this?”

“You know I have been talking about culinary school for a year but when we took our trip to Martha’s Vineyard and cooked with George, I knew I wanted to cook with him.”

“Gus, I am fine with whatever you choose as long as you are happy.  If Bri and Justin think this George is a good guy, I trust them.” She looked at Nick, “Maybe we could go there next summer.”

“We are going to rent a place for the summer so you could probably stay there as long as you don’t pick a week they will be there.”

“That would be great. Just keep me informed where you will be when.”

“I will, Mom.” Gus felt good when he left Linday around noon.  He had a feeling she would respond that way but he was sure Mel would have a whole different reaction.


The pain medication let Justin sleep. Brian got Aiden dressed and asked Cass if she would mind taking Aiden out for breakfast and find something for them to do for a couple hours.  If he stayed home all day he would just worry about his daddy. Once she left with him, Brian  collected  Justin’s medication from a delivery driver and went back to the bedroom. 

“What time is it?” Justin asked.

“It is about 11:00.  Gus is going to Lindsay’s and Mel’s place today and Aiden is out with Cass for a couple hours. How are you feeling?”

“I’m feeling no pain right now.  Those pills are magic but if I move too much I get lightheaded.”

“I have your medicine.” He looked at the directions and then took out one pill from each bottle.  He opened a bottle of water for him and gave the bottle and pills to Justin.

After helping Justin to the bathroom, Brian laid next to Justin. He kissed Justin’s neck, missing their closeness. Justin took Brian’s hand and guided it into his shorts.  “Touch me, please,” he said softly.

Brian slowly stroked Justin’s cock. He responded immediately.  “Kiss me.”

Brian lowered his head to Justin’s as his hand continued to stroke the now straining member. As he deepened the kiss he rubbed his own erection against Justin’s hip and Justin exploded in his hand. And then Justin drifted away. Brian brought his hand down his own pants and soon his cum mingled with Justin’s. He moved without disturbing Justin.  He took a quick shower and then went downstairs.


Before getting out of his car at Mel and Monica’s he took a deep breath. He knew this wouldn’t be as easy as his other mom’s. He walked up to the house and Monica opened the door.  “Gus, it has been way too long.” Monica opened her arms and Gus obligingly stepped into her hug and kissed her cheek.

Gus looked around, “Where’s Mama?” 

“She will be here any minute.  She decided to go pick up the food and eat here.”

“Oh, ok.” Gus walked into the small house Mel and Monica shared. “Monica, has Mom said anything about me going to college?”

“You mean that you want to be a chef?”

“Ya, has she said anything?”

“I know she wants you to go to college.”

“I am going to culinary school,”

“You know she wants you to get a four year degree somewhere.”

Before Gus could respond, his mama walked in. “Gus, sorry I wasn’t here when you arrived.  I knew it would be close.”

Gus hugged her and said, “I’ve only been here a couple minutes.”

“You are looking more like your father all the time,” Mel stated. 

Gus heard something in the tone of the words.  Brian and Mel had always had a love-hate relationship.  They respected each other in a professional way but couldn’t stand each other personally.  “Sorry, you guys picked him.” Gus smiled at her.  “I know, Mom picked him and you never wanted him to be part of your lives.”

“That’s true, Gus, but he and Justin are great fathers, all personal feelings aside. And you are such a great big brother.  I am glad you have them.” She set a take out bag on the table.  “Let’s eat before it gets cold.”

Mel, Monica, and Gus talked about lots of things as they ate.  Mel asked how Aiden was and Gus took that as a chance to talk about Martha’s Vineyard. Gus told her about the famous chef he met and how George asked him to come for the summer.

“Gus, that sounds like a great opportunity.  Then you will be able to come back and finish your senior year.”

“Mama. I am actually going to graduate this spring.  I have been accepted to start culinary school in the fall.”

“Is that a one year program that you will take before starting college?”

“No, I’m not planning on any other school other than culinary school.”

“Gus, that isn’t acceptable.  All of your parents are college graduates.  You need to get a degree.”

“I will have a degree, Mama.  I have a talent for cooking,  even a Michelin chef thinks so.”

“That is no life.  You work bizarre hours. How will you ever have a life?”

“I know I will have crazy hours at first but eventually I plan to open a bakery or small cafe.  Then I won’t have crazy hours. I will have…”

“Are your dads good with this? Don’t they realize you can do so much more?”

Gus stood up.  “I love you, Mama, but I have my dads’ support and Mom is good with it.  You can love me or hate me but I know what I am going to do with my life. Most of my classmates still have no idea what they will do.” He put his coat on and headed toward the door.

“Gus, let’s talk about this.  You don’t have to leave.” But by the time she got to the door it was standing wide open and Gus was getting into the car.


After Justin woke up, he wanted to go downstairs.  With Brian on one side and the rail on the other, they moved slowly until they stood in the front hall. Justin held onto the rail for another second and then Brian moved with him the rest of the way to the family area, helping Justin get comfortable on the sofa.  They ate lunch and then, they turned on a movie. It had just started when they heard Gus arrive home.  The door slammed and they saw Gus heading for the stairs.

“Gus? We’re both in here.”

“You don’t want my company right now.”

“Gus, you know listening is what parents are for,” Justin said.

“How are you feeling, Dad?”

“I’m doing Ok as long as I don’t stand up.  The headache is much better.” As Justin had talked, Gus had come into the room and dropped into the chair across from them. “Mel?”

“She doesn’t take me seriously.  She thinks I am still a kid. She doesn’t think being a chef is a real career.”

“Gus, give her a little time to think about it. You know Mel and I have always disliked each other  but one thing I always like about her is after she has time to think something through she often will see the other side.  Give her time to adjust. I am sure by the time you graduate next spring she will have decided you are much more important than what you do.” Brian moved away from Justin and patted the sofa between them.  Gus moved toward them and dropped between them.

As Justin put his arms around Gus, Aiden and Cass arrived. Cass carried Aiden who had fallen asleep in the car. “I’ll take him up for a short nap. Thanks, Cass.”

“No problem.” She noticed Gus and Justin together on the sofa. “Is Justin alright?”

“He is doing better and Gus just got home from Mel’s place so he is in need of a little encouragement.”

“Well, there is no one better than Justin at that.  I am glad he is feeling better.” She kissed Aiden’s soft cheek and slipped out the side door.  

“Big Daddy, is Daddy in your big bed?”

“No, do you want to snuggle with him?”

“Yes, please.  I miss him.” 

“Well let’s go the other direction.” Brian carried Aiden into the family room and set him down where he had sat a few minutes ago.

Gus kissed Justin’s cheek and put his hand out for a high five from Aiden.  “I think I have just enough time to make calzones for dinner tonight.  Does that sound good to everyone?”

“Yummy!” Aiden said.

“I’ll take ham and cheese in mine,” Justin said.   “I had your dad’s cooking for lunch.” He pulled a face and Aiden laughed. 

“Hey! At least I remembered to get you something to eat.” Brian dropped down on the spot Gus vacated.  The family relaxed as the last day of their vacation concluded.

Justin was glad over the next week the pain was completely gone but he was still feeling lightheaded and off balance.  Brian and Justin were trying to finish the paperwork to combine their two companies and to make sure the final decisions were decided on the decor so it would be ready to open the first of the year.  Brian and Justin had decided to decorate each other's office that shared a seating area. 

Mitchell would be working with Cynthia and each of them would still work directly with Brian and Justin but would be splitting some of the duties. The Taylor Kinney’s were excited for the future but right now they were excited about Christmas and the wedding.


The week before they were to leave for Montana, Victor came over to check on Justin’s progress.  He let himself in and found Justin on the sofa working on his laptop.  “So how are you feeling?”

“Vic, I am just so tired of feeling off balance. I thought by now I would be back to normal.”

“This can take a long time and, as I told you, some people never get over it completely. But Justin, I don’t expect that with you.”

“I just don’t want to feel this way over Christmas.”

“You do know that flying isn’t recommended with ear issues like this.”

“And you know I am going no matter what,” Justin said stubbornly.  

“Yes and that is why I rented a plane for everyone to fly.  If all else fails, I can give you something so you sleep most of the way and won’t feel pain if you happen to have a pressure issue.  Tell your family to get refunds on their tickets or change them to one way from home if they are leaving early.”

“Victor, you didn’t need to do that.”

“Justin, you and Brian have done so much for Teddy and I and now we have that amazing house near yours because of the gift of land you gave us. Whether you want it or not, we are now part of your family and we will do anything for family.”

 

After Victor left, Justin sent an email to Brian and told him the new information and then contacted the rest of his family with the same information.  His mom was getting married and his family would be together at one of his favorite places in the world.  He may still be a bit dizzy and couldn’t do everything he wanted to do right now but he wouldn’t change a thing.

 

End Notes:

 

Chapter 12 by Simply written

Chapter 12


Aiden was so excited.  The last day of school before Christmas and tomorrow morning almost everybody he loved was going to be on the same plane going to the cabin.  The only one missing would be Cass.  She was moving out of the apartment and, although she was still going to take care of him sometimes it would not be as much. He was sad she was going to live somewhere else and his dads said she would probably quit taking care of him after school was done this year. At least he knew GC would be loved because Cass promised she would take care of him. 

Gus and JR picked up Raymond and Aiden at their school and after dropping JR and Raymond off at their house, Gus took Aiden out for some ice cream before going home. He texted Justin and told them they were getting ice cream and asked if he would like something.  “No thanks, Gus. I will see you when you get home.”

Gus helped Aiden pick his ice cream and Gus ordered one scoop for both of them and they sat down at a table to eat them. Gus’ mind wandered to Justin.  He usually was so excited at Christmas time but this year he had been quiet. He was sure it was hard not to be able to do all the normal things.  He had to miss all his normal holiday parties which made him feel detached from all those at his office. 

“Gus, did you hear me?”

“I’m sorry, Aid. What were you saying?”

“I wondered if GC would be sad because he wasn’t with us for Christmas.”

“Cass will take good care of him.”

“Are you sure? I know she will but will he be sad?”

“GC will be fine.” Gus’ words were a little short.

“Gus, are you mad at me?” Aiden reached across the table and touched his hand.

“Oh no, little bro,” he turned his hand over and squeezed Aiden’s gently. “Dad said he didn’t want ice cream but maybe we could bring him a piece of that fudge they have on the counter.”

“He would like that.”

“I think so, too.  I think the Christmas fudge with crushed peppermint.”

“Gus, why is Daddy sad?”

“I don’t think he’s really sad but you know when you have been sick you miss school and your teacher and friends?”

“Ya, I haven’t been sick this year and I’m glad.  Uncle Dr. Victor says I’m doing good.”

“You have been really strong this year.  I think Dad is just missing his normal routine.”

“I hope he feels better soon.”

“So do I, bro. You done with that cone?”

Aiden nodded and then said, “I need to wash my hands.”

“There is a sink right over there,” the employee pointed Aiden in the right direction.  “Your brother is really cute.”

“He’s a good kid. Can we have a little box of the Christmas fudge?”  Gus had never seen this girl here before. “Did you just start working here?”

“Yes, my family moved last week.  I finished up my last semester of high school before we moved. Do you go to high school on Cochran?”

“Ya, I’m a Junior but am graduating early and will be done this spring.” Gus looked over at Aiden who was making sure he had ever speck of stickiness off his hands. “What’s your name?” 

“I’m Melody, but people call me Mel.”

“That’s Gus’ mom’s name.”  Aiden said as he walked up.  “You have pretty skin.  It is the color of my bestest friend, Raymond.”

Mel smiled down at him, “Well, aren’t you a little charmer. What’s your name?”

“Aiden.”

“Well, Aiden, does your brother have a girlfriend?”

“No, and he doesn’t have a boyfriend either.”

“Thanks for clarifying that, Aiden.”

“We better go, Aiden.  Melody, we are leaving town tomorrow until the first week of January but, can I call you when we come back?”

“Let me see your phone.” Gus handed it to her and she punched something in and then turned her back to them and took a selfie.  “Now you have my numbers and my picture. I look forward to hearing from you, Gus.”  Melody turned to the customers that had just walked in and Gus and Aiden walked out.

“You like her!” Aiden said as Gus tied him in his car seat. Gus got into the driver seat.  “She’s nice and really pretty.”

“That she is.  I think I will give,” he looked at his phone, “Melody Jackson a call sometime.” He handed his phone to Aiden and pulled out onto the road.  

When they arrived at home Aiden ran ahead of Gus. “Daddy, we bought you some Christmas fudge.” He ran to the sofa and into Justin’s arms. After a big hug he handed Justin the box just as Gus walked in.  “Daddy, I think Gus has a new girlfriend.” Aiden smiled over Justin’s shoulder at Gus as he walked over and dropped into a chair near them.

“I wouldn’t say I have a girlfriend but I did meet a nice girl at the ice cream parlor.  She’s new to town. She gave me her number and I told her we would be gone for a couple weeks so she doesn’t think I am not interested if I can’t contact her right away.”

“Well, that sounds promising.”

“How’s your head?” Aiden asked Justin, leaving an arm looped around his neck.

“It’s still there, isn’t it?”Justin asked.

“Silly Daddy.”

“As long as I don’t move too fast, it is getting better.” Justin opened the small box of fudge he picked up a piece and sank his teeth into it. “Oh, this is good. Thanks, guys.  This is just what I needed.  Have you started packing, Gus?”

“Yes, I just need to add a few things. Have you seen Cass this afternoon?”

“I have.  She was on her way out.  She will be back tomorrow morning about 10:00, after we have left.”

“Oh, Ok.  I am going to bring her gift to her apartment.”

“Gus, can you bring mine out there, too?”

“Sure, Aid, go get it,” with that Aiden ran out of the room.

Justin patted the sofa and Gus dropped next to him.  “How are you feeling about Cass moving out?”

“I think it is time.  A part of me will always love her but It just doesn’t make sense.  She is ready to settle down and I am just starting to fly. Speaking of flying,” Aiden ran in holding a Christmas bag.

“Here you go, Gus. Thank you.”

“I’ll be back in a little bit.  I need to write her a note and then I will come back and clean out the fridge for dinner.”

“No rush, Aiden is going to tell me all about his Christmas party at school.”


Gus slipped a jacket on and grabbed his gift bag along with Aiden’s and ran across the yard. Justin watched him go.  He knew this was harder on Gus then he wanted it to be but maybe this girl he met will be just what he needed. 

Gus walked into Cass’ apartment as he let himself in. He set the bags on the counter and then sat down and took the note pad laying there and started writing. 

“Dear Cassandra,

I hope this guy deserves you because you deserve the very best.  If things were different I wouldn’t let you go but this is best for both of us.  I want you to have the world. Know you will always own a little of my heart and if you ever need me, no matter where I am, I will be there for you.

Love,

Gus”


Gus dropped his head in his hands.  He really did want what was best for her. He couldn’t be her lover but he could be her friend and that would be enough. He sat there a couple minutes, breathing in the scent that was solely Cass. He stood and pulled his phone out of his pocket.  He scrolled through his friends and when he got to the M’s he stopped at Melody. He started texting, ‘Hi, Mel, it was great meeting you today.  I will be in Montana until the New Year and reception is really bad up there. I would love to take you out the first Saturday in January. If I have a connection, I’ll text after Christmas.’  He liked her.  He had a feeling she was just what he needed.


Everyone made it an early night.  It took Aiden a bit to calm down but eventually he calmed down and Brian and Justin finished the packing and dropped into bed.  Having been on his feet for some time Justin felt almost queasy from the dizziness he felt. Brian reached over and tried to pull him close but Justin rolled to the far side of the bed. “Seriously, do you really think I want to have sex when I feel this shitty?”

“Justin, did I say anything about sex? I just want to feel you next to me.  I want to hold you.”

“Well, maybe I don’t want to be touched.  I have felt off kilter for weeks but that shouldn’t concern you. I couldn’t do my own Christmas shopping this year.  My mom is getting married and I may not even be able to stand up at her wedding so don’t touch me!”

“Don’t worry, that is the last thing on my mind right now.” Brian got out of bed and walked out of the room.  He went next door to Aiden’s room and slipped into bed with him. In his sleep, Aiden pressed against his daddy.  At least somebody wanted him in their bed. He put an arm around Aiden and he fell asleep.


When Brian returned to their bedroom in the morning, Justin was already out of the shower and getting dressed. “Is Aiden up?” Justin asked.

“Yes, he is getting dressed right now.  Babe, I…”

“I’m going downstairs and make sure the presents are ready.”

“Justin, please.” Brian reached out and took his hand. He kissed him but when he tried to deepen it, Justin pulled away and almost fell. Brian grabbed him but once he was balanced again, Justin walked away.  Brian stood by the door, making sure he made it down the steps.  Brian quickly showered himself and threw the last of his toiletries in his bag.  He set his bag along with Justin’s by the steps and then went to check on Aiden.  

“Big Daddy, why did you sleep with me last night?” Aiden asked as Brian helped him comb his hair.

“Your daddy just wasn’t feeling very well.”

“Is he going to be sick forever?”

“I don’t think so.  Victor assures us he will be better soon.”

“I don’t like it when Daddy is sad.”

“Neither do I, Aiden.” Brian kissed his son, “Can you manage carrying your backpack downstairs?”

“Sure, Big Daddy.”

“I’m going to check on your brother and we will be down shortly.”

Brian knocked on Gus’ door and it opened immediately. “I’m ready, Dad.”

“Good, can you grab your brother’s suitcase.  I have Justin’s and mine.”

“Dad, you don’t seem very excited about this.”

“I slept with your brother last night.”

“Oh, that doesn’t sound good.”

“Don’t worry about it.  Justin is just getting worn down.  He loves this time of year and he missed out on so many things.”

“Dad, he’s not mad at you. He’s just mad.”

“Well, right now it definitely feels like I am the target.” There was a honk and the doorbell rang.  “That’s our ride.” Justin and Aiden walked to the door and opened it.  JR stood there along with the driver.  They started loading the van with the luggage and soon they were on the way to the airport. Justin’s family would meet them at the plane.

Victor and Ted instantly felt the tension between Brian and Justin and neither of them said much but the boys were excited and kept the conversation going on the short ride. Soon they were at the airport and Trisha joined the boys on the plane and the older boys helped load the plane before everyone got on the plane and strapped in.  Justin had sat down but when Brian began sitting next to him, Justin gave him a look that told him he wasn’t welcome. “Fine, Justin.” He said under his breath and he moved to the back of the plane and sat in the back row.  

Jenn started out sitting next to Joe but after an hour or so she moved back to her grandchildren and, after playing with them for an hour, she sat next to Brian.  “Want to talk about it?”

“There really isn’t anything to talk about.  He can’t stand even looking at me right now.  I know he doesn’t mean it but I just don’t know what to say anymore.  He is worried he will ruin your wedding if he can’t stand during the wedding.  If I am close to him, I am too close. If I move away he says I don’t want to be near him. “I just don’t know what to do anymore.”

“When we get to the cabin, Justin will feel better.  That has always been your special place.” Jenn hugged Brian.  “And if he doesn’t I’ll talk to him.”

“Thanks, Jenn, but I think I need to talk to him as soon as we get there. He needs to realize what he perceived isn’t true.”

“I think he realizes that. He just knows the one he loves the most won’t go anywhere.” She stood and moved back to Joe who kissed her as soon as she sat down. 

When the plane landed Brian and Justin rode in separate vehicles. When they arrived at the cabin, Molly and her family were dropped off at the bunkhouse.  Ted, Victor and their boys took one of the vehicles to their new cabin while Joe and Jenn, along with Justin, Brian, and the boys entered the cabin.  Justin went right back to their room. Brian turned to Jenn and she nodded. Brian followed Justin and neither of them would be leaving that room until this was settled.

Brian walked in and locked the door, sticking the key in his pocket. “Brian, what are you doing here? Haven’t I made myself…” he rocked and grabbed for the bedpost so he wouldn’t fall. Brian took a couple of steps toward him but stopped short when he could see Justin was stable again. “Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

“Because I love you and I did just leave you alone for the entire flight here.” Brian moved to him and reached out for him and Justin, trying to move away from Brian’s touch, ended up sitting on the bed. Brian sat on the bed near but not touching Justin. “Justin, I don’t deserve this.”

Justin turned his back to him but then slowly turned around and Brian took him in his arms, holding him close. He fought for a moment and then he gave in and collapsed against him. They were silent for several minutes and then Justin softly said, “You’re right, you don’t deserve my shit. I just still feel crappy and I wanted Mom’s wedding to be perfect and…”

Brian put a hand on either side of Justin’s face and tilted his head up.  His lips closed over Justin’s and as he deepened it, Justin pressed his body against Brian causing them both to fall back onto the mattress.  “Fuck! As much as I want to do that, let’s wait until bedtime.  You can stay here for a while if you want.”

“No, Bri, I need to apologize and then we need to talk to Ted and Vic and see what their plan is for tonight and Mol, Spenc, and Tasha will be here shortly.”

“Ted and Vic are planning on spending time with their boys tonight. Gus can go  later if he wants to sleep there or he can bunk with Aiden tonight.”

Justin kissed Brian once more with all the promise of what would come later. “I love you because you love me even when I am a jackass.”

“How could I not love someone with that ass?” Brian offered Justin his arm and they walked out of the room together.


Molly and Jenn looked through the kitchen with Gus and were planning something for dinner that night.  They had a fridge and freezer full of food, along with a pantry of canned and dry goods. Justin leaned on the doorway and had to smile as Gus was working on a dessert for tonight and had dough rising for rolls for the next morning. Molly walked over to her big brother and hugged him.  “Are you all better?”

“Well, mentally.  I actually feel dizzier right now than I have for a few days.  I think it might be the altitude. Victor warned me it might take me a day or two to adjust but I will be fine.” Justin kissed her cheek.  “We need to find some time to plan the rest of this wedding.”

“I’m making a cake.” Gus said as he walked past.  “Gram, what flavor do you want?”

“Gus, you are too sweet.  Could you do something with caramel? It could be white or chocolate cake with some kind of caramel in it?”

“Do you like apple? I think a spice cake with layers of caramel and apple filling.”

“That sounds perfect. You are so sweet, Gus.  I don’t want you to feel like you have to spend your whole vacation in the kitchen.” 

“I am going to see if I can use JR’s kitchen and he will help.  We don’t need a huge cake so I will be able to move it easily.”  As Gus worked on his bread dough, Justin sat and talked to him. 

Brian, Joe, and Aiden bundled up and they went outside to show Joe around.  After Aiden showed Joe the barn loft, they found Tasha and Spencer coming their way. Soon a snowball fight ensued.  Justin heard the shouts and went to the window to watch his family playing in the snow. He knew he would feel off balance on the uneven ground. 

Gus walked over and hugged him. “Dad, I’m sorry you are feeling so bad. We are just so glad you could make it. You will be more acclimated tomorrow and we can go take a walk.”

Gus made sure Justin was stable before walking away when  the laughter outside came near and then was inside. Aiden and Tasha came in and threw snowballs at Justin and then giggling ran back onto the porch to get out of their wet clothes.

“Hey,” Justin called and then laughed.  

“I wonder who put them up to that?” Gus said.  “We both know Dad was involved.”

Moments later the kids and men walked in.  Aiden ran to Justin and kissed him.  “We didn’t hurt you, did we Daddy?”

“No, my love.” He grabbed Aiden and kissed him and pulled him onto his lap.  “Isn’t it fun being here in all this snow?”

“It is SOOOOO beautiful. When are we going to decorate?”

“We are going to do it after dinner tonight. Since you had all that fresh mountain air, why don’t you and Tash go up to your room and play a game or you could read to her.”

“Ok, Daddy.  Tash, you want to go up to my room?”

“Yes!” Tasha responded. And they were off. 

“You know they will be sleeping in ten minutes, right?” Spencer said to Justin.

“That’s the plan.  Between the time change and the fresh air they will need a rest and then they will be awake to help with the decorating. We can do everything but the tree tonight and tomorrow we will cut down a tree and decorate it.” Justin stood holding on to his brother in law until he got his bearings and then walked over to Brian, putting his arms around Brian’s waist.  “And don’t you think you got away with that snowball thing.  I know you put them up to it.” 

Brian said, “I missed out there playing so, I brought the playing in here,” and then claimed his lips.

After several moments, Gus walked over to them, “Enough already! Your mother is watching.”

Jenn and Molly walked over and each kissed one of Gus’ cheeks. “Gus, is there someone special in your life? As sweet as you are, you could have any girl,” Molly questioned.

“Well, I haven’t been seeing anyone but yesterday I met a girl at the ice cream shop with Aiden and I plan to ask her out when we get back.”

“Well, she is a lucky girl,” Jenn said to her grandson.  “And Molly is right.  She better be special.”


When dinner was over Brian and Gus started pulling out Christmas boxes.  Spenc and Joe helped move some of the furniture to the spots Justin directed.  Tomorrow a large Christmas tree would be cut down and brought in. Tasha and Aiden ran around bringing decorations to the adults and then they all sat around the living room sipping hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music and telling stories about Christmases of the past.  As Tasha started dozing off she and her mom and dad bundled up and, along with a very bright flashlight,  Tasha got up on her dad’s back and they walked back to the bunkhouse.  

“Come, little bro.  I’m bunking with you.  Let’s go brush our teeth and get some sleep.  Tomorrow we are going to hunt for a Christmas tree and bake cookies and start Grandma and Joe’s wedding cake.”

“Let me give hugs first.” Aiden kissed his grandma and did a special handshake with Joe. Then he gave both his dads hugs and kisses.  “Night everybody.  Love you.” And the boys were off to bed.

Brian got up and poured everyone a glass of wine.  The four talked about the wedding taking place Christmas evening.  “Mom, I am so glad you are so happy.”

“I have the man I love,” she kissed Joe. “My children are happy  and my grandchildren are so amazing.  I don’t know what else I could want.” Jenn looked closely at Justin, “Actually I can think of something I would like.  I wish Aiden could be cured and I wish you felt better.”

Justin carefully stood and after giving himself a couple seconds, he walked to his mom and she stood and they shared a long hug.  “Stay up as long as you want. We are heading to bed.” 

Brian wrapped his arm around Justin’s waist and propelled him down the hall to the bedroom. As soon as they got to the room, Justin started stripping off Brian’s shirt. Brian sat on the bed to make it easier and then in a quick move pulled Justin’s shirt off and pulled him between his knees so Brian could help him balance as he undid Justin’s fly. As his pants went down he stepped out of his pants and then dropped to his knees and quickly undid Brian’s pants.  He greedily went down on Brian’s cock and was so eager for a taste of him it was only seconds before his skill had Brian dropping back and thrusting toward Justin’s mouth. Justin lapped up all he had to offer and then moved so he was laying beside Brian on the bed.  

Brian rolled and hovered about Justin for a moment before he lowered his mouth and invaded Justin’s with his tongue. Justin’s hands moved down Brian’s back and then back up to rest on his upper back.  Brian explored Justin’s body until Justin pleaded for Brian to enter him and by that time Brian was ready. Justin offered Brian his back and Brian moved into him slowly and then moved as slowly as he could, driving Justin to near insanity before he made long, strong strokes bringing them both over the edge.  

When they had cooled down a bit, Justin softly said, “I am so sorry I acted like I did. I love you so much and I treated you like shit, even after you have been doing everything for me.”

“I would do anything for you and I understand your frustration. I learned to love from you.” He kissed him once more.  “Now, how early do you think Aiden will be up? We better get to sleep.”


By 9:00 a.m. everyone in the Taylor Kinney household was bundled up walking through six inches of new fallen snow.  They had a sled that Aiden and Tasha were riding on to the woods and where the tree would be laid as they drug it back to the cabin. As they walked past Ted and Victor’s new place, the door opened and JR and Raymond ran out. “Hey, our dads will be out in a minute. Our new house is so cool.  Gus, are you going to sleep at our place tonight? From my room you can see miles and miles.” JR was so excited he seemed to be the same age as Raymond.

“I think so.  I hope to bake the wedding cake at your place so Grandma and Joe won’t see it.”

“We’re here!” Ted called out as he and Victor arrived. “Before we walk on, Victor and I were talking and you are free to say no, but we were wondering if you would like to use our place for your wedding.  We love your cabin but since our place has an open floor plan there would be more room for everyone.”

“Mom, it is totally up to you but their place, from the plans, would be a perfect place for your wedding.”

Jenn looked at Joe and then at Justin, “Are you sure, Justin? We love your place but it would be quite crowded.

Brian put an arm around Justin and looked at him, “I think that would be perfect, Jenn.”

Jenn walked over and kissed Ted and then Victor’s cheeks. “Thank you so much.  I was thinking with the tree we would be so tight on room.”


An hour later they had found the tree and it wasn’t long before they were singing ‘Oh, Christmas Tree’ (by Ernst Anschütz).  Everyone was surprised by JR’s voice. He had a beautiful voice that soared and echoed through the trees and the valley below.  “JR,” Jenn asked, “Do you know ‘O Holy Night’?(by Adolphe Adam, John Sullivan Dwight)” 

“I think so.”

“Could you sing that at the wedding?”

“Sure.  I don’t know how good it will be.”

“Just sing it with that big heart of yours and it will be beautiful,” Jenn replied.

 

An hour later some were finishing the last of the tree while Jenn, Joe, Tasha, Aiden, and Raymond made lunch for everyone. The three children were excited to serve the meal but they were more excited about making and decorating cookies.  JR and Gus went to Ted and Victor’s house to start the wedding cake while the rest had a cookie decorating contest.  

Later that day they all went to Ted and Victor’s place so everyone could see their home for the first time and Ted and Victor had dinner ready for everyone.  They went home at 4:00 so they could have everything in the oven when the rest came over about 5:30.  When Ted and Victor left with Raymond, Tasha and Aiden went to rest so they would have plenty of energy for the evening activities. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and, of course, Christmas followed along with the Wedding.  Once the wedding was over, there would be a week of relaxation before heading home early in the new year.  As the kids relaxed Justin lay down, too. 

At 5:00 Brian went to get Justin up.  He couldn’t resist slipping in bed and spooning with him, lightly kissing his neck to wake him up.  

Justin almost purred. “I know we don’t have time for what you have in mind.”

“It seems like you are feeling a lot better today.  Your balance seems to be better.”

“It really is,” Justin turned over and kissed him. “I don’t know why, but I’ll take it.  It is like a miracle. It is all I wanted for Christmas and I have gotten so much more.” Justin held onto him tightly for another moment.

Brian put a little space between them. “We better go, my love.”

 

Ted and Victor were the perfect hosts.  They had mulled wine and hot hors d'oeuvres for the adults and apple cider and lots of snacks for the kids as well. After the appetizers they all looked around the gorgeous house.  They all instantly knew where the ceremony would be held. There was a wall of glass that looked out over the valley below. The moon twinkled off the snow and the pine trees.

“Oh, guys, this is stunning,” Molly said to Ted and Victor.  “This place is stunning! Mom, you could come down that staircase.  This is going to be so beautiful.”

They enjoyed prime rib and baked potatoes with multiple side dishes.  And for dessert the kids made smores in the fireplace. When the kids started drooping and the teens were ready to start working on the wedding cake, Brian and Justin, Joe and Jenn, Spencer and Molly; and Aiden and Tasha walked back to the other cabin.  

“Is tomorrow Christmas?” Tasha asked softly as she was carried in her daddy’s arms.

“No, sweetie,” Molly replied.  “Tomorrow is Christmas Eve.”

“Is that when we are telling Grandma about the baby?” 

Molly stopped walking and turned to look at her mother and the rest of her family. “Surprise?” she said with a huge smile on her face.  “We were going to wait until tomorrow but it doesn’t matter.”

Jenn closed the glass between her daughter and hugged her, “Really? A new baby?”

“Yes, Mom. I’m due at the end of July.” There were hugs and back slaps as they walked the remainder of the way.  “We will see you all in the morning,” Molly said as her family continued on to the bunkhouse.


Christmas Eve was a day of laughter and games. It was snowing pretty hard most of the days so everyone stayed indoors but by 5:00 p.m. Gus and JR had finished frosting the cake and everyone from the site of the wedding walked over to enjoy Christmas Eve together. JR and Gus pulled a sled full of Christmas gifts while Ted and Victor each held on to one of Raymond’s hands as they walked behind.

“C'est tellement parfait,” Victor’s soft voice lilted.

“It is perfect, isn’t it.” Ted said, “Ray, are you having a good time so far?”

“Daddy Ted, this is the best place I have ever been.  I miss my mom a little but I know I will get to see her in a couple weeks.”

“Yes, you will and we couldn’t be any happier to have you with us right now.”

“Daddies,” Ray stopped and looked at Ted and then at Victor.  “I love you both so much.” Both Ted and Victor hugged him and together they picked him up and made a chair with their arms carrying him the rest of the way. 

The house was filled with the scents of spices and food for the evening meal.  There were pots of bubbling soup and fresh biscuits on the stove. After they ate they would open all the gifts. Everyone had decided that other than their own children, they would just give something small to each couple and child. What made this year special was they were all together in the wonderland they were in.

There was chili and a flavorful chicken noodle soup along with a creamy cheese.  Everyone ate their fill with the biscuits and cheese. “Daddy,” Aiden said to Justin. “Are you feeling all better now?”

“Almost.  I know I am feeling well enough to open gifts.  How about you?”

“YEAH! Time for presents!”

There was laughter and cheers of excitement from the kids as paper flew and gifts were unveiled. A half hour later Gus and JR brought out trays of goodies they had made while cakes were cooling today.  Spiced tea was passed around and soon the party was breaking up.  Tomorrow was Christmas and there was a wedding being held.  They decided 5:00 pm would be the perfect time. It gave them time to get Jennifer ready as well as give Gus time to assemble the cake. It was going to be a special day for all of them.

Brian and Justin lay in bed. “Sometimes I miss that small bed that was here the first time we were.” Justin said as he pressed his body tightly against Brian’s. “I am, however, glad you aren’t the temperature of a popsicle this time.” He drug his tongue down Brian’s back. “But I am glad that we are still naked.” Justin moved and then positioned himself before entering Brian and then they moved as one. Brian grew hard and as Justin moved harder and faster Brian met him movement for movement.  And when Justin stop the movement all together he reached around Brian’s body and he ran his hand the length of his cock, Brian grunted and Justin’s hand was not only filled with precum but the white viscous liquid that Brian couldn’t hold back.


At 6:15 Justin woke as the door creaked open. He waved Aiden in and he walked to Justin’s side of the bed. “What are you doing awake so early?” he whispered as he pulled Aiden into bed with them.

“Gus just left to decorate the cake and I woke up. “Can I crawl under the covers or are you naked?”

“You may snuggle in right between us.” Justin was glad after their lovemaking they had taken a quick shower and pulled on some shorts.

Brian turned over and faced Justin and Aiden, “Hi, Big Daddy.  I’m sorry I woke you up.” Aiden kissed his cheek.

“A kiss from you always makes me happy.” Brian pulled him close and took a deep breath, taking the scent of his son. Their little boy was growing up and their oldest would be leaving soon. Where had the time go?

The three of them lay there talking softly and dozing now and then for about an hour before getting up so they could make breakfast for the bride and groom.

There were biscuits left over from dinner so they made sausage gravy and eggs. Soon Jenn and Joe came downstairs, both with a glow around them. Aiden came over to his grandma to get a hug and Joe scooped him up into his arms and hugged him too. “Can I call you Grandpa now?”  Aiden asked him.

“I would love that.”

“Ok, Grandpa.” Joe set him down.  “Daddy has breakfast ready.”

As Aiden mentioned breakfast the back door opened and the three from the bunkhouse arrived.  “I hope the food is ready, bro.  This pregnant woman is hungry!”

After breakfast Joe made sure he had everything he would need for the wedding and Molly and her mother went upstairs to start getting ready for the wedding.


Over at Ted and Victor’s Gus with JR’s help were starting to assemble the cake.  Victor walked in and stopped in his tracks. “Gus and JR, that cake is stunning. It is just beautiful. The detail is so amazing.”

“Do you think Grandma and Joe will like it?”

“Oh, Gus, love isn’t a strong enough word.  Now, you have been working most of the night. You two go take a nap.  I will wake you if you aren’t up by 4:00.”

JR and Gus moved upstairs and soon they were both sound asleep.


Joe arrived at 4:00 and was sent to a small study to wait.  Jenn arrived at 4:30 and was escorted to the master bedroom where Molly helped her with touching up her makeup and then Justin went up to join them. He tapped on the door, “Mom, can I come in?”

“Sure, honey.”

Justin walked in.  “Mom, you are so beautiful. Joe is a lucky man.”

“And I am a very blessed woman. I have two amazing children who have spouses I love as well.  I have three adorable grandchildren and one on the way.  And Joe is the love of my life. I hope that doesn’t sound terrible but your father and I never had the bond I have with him.”

“That’s not bad, Mom. Dad was never as warm as Joe.” Molly responded.

Victor’s voice came through the door.  “Brian said the music is starting. I am taking Joe down now.  Give us five minutes.”

Gus and Aiden, along with Tasha and Spencer were sitting on a sofa near the spot the wedding would take place. Ted and Victor and Ray sat nearby and JR was behind them where he started the music and would stand to sing.

Joe walked in with Brian where they stood in front of the windows where the sky was starting to turn pinks and purples.  JR started the music and they heard the door upstairs open.  They all stood and watched Jenn with her son and daughter on either side come down the beautiful stair where they walked her to stand next to Joe.  Tasha stood by her mom and Aiden stood by Justin as Brian started the ceremony. It was short but perfect.  Ted took pictures while Brian completed the ceremony and just as JR started singing ‘O Holy Night’ the sun dropped below a mountain peak and as they kissed Brian moved to Justin’s side and the bride and groom literally appeared to be radiating light. JR finished the song and everyone cheered for the new couple.

The rest of the evening everyone enjoyed wine and food, not to mention the spiced cake with caramel between the layers, along with a creamy filling.  As the evening wrapped up Jenn and Joe started to talk about returning to the cabin.  Ted and Victor walked over to them, “We would like you to stay here tonight.  We have freshened up our room.  You can have the house to yourself.”  Ted finished kissing Jenn’s cheek.

“Oh no, we can’t kick you out of your beautiful place,” Jen protested.

“Yes you can.  We will sleep in your room at the cabin and Ray can sleep with Aiden while Gus and JR can camp out in the living room.  We have all talked about this.  There is a bottle of champagne in the refrigerator and feel free to help yourself to anything you see.” Victor slipped his arm into the coat Ted was holding up for him. 

There were hugs and kisses and a few more tears as Jenn and Joe waved as their friends and family walked toward the house down the lane.

As the kids ran ahead the three couples strolled hand in hand. Brian and Justin hung back a little. “Brian, you were amazing.  You made it so special.”

Brian stopped and put his arms around Justin, pulling him close. “Justin, your family is my family. I love your mom more than I ever loved my own. You are the reason my life is perfect.”

“And this is where it started.  I hated you so much when we met but when you let your heart accept that love was not a bad word, I couldn’t stop loving you, even when I tried.  You know, things are changing so fast.  Do you ever think about what the future holds?”

“As long as you are there with me I can’t wait.  Our family will only grow and improve.” Brian pressed his warm supple  lips to Justin’s.

“Daddies, are you coming? Can we get in the hot tub?” Aiden called from the cabin.

“Sure, son,” Brian called. “We are on our way.”  Softly he said, “I love you, Justin Taylor.”

“Sounds like we are going for a dip.”  He linked his arm with Brian’s as they walked forward. “I love you, too, and look forward to seeing what we are doing in ten years.


The End

 

Prologue to The Man I Hate? 5 Tragedy to Triumph by Simply written

Tragedy to Triumph

Prologue


The Taylor-Kinney household continued to flourish.  Gus decided to change his name so as soon as he was 18 he officially became Gus Kinney. His mama still wasn’t happy with his choices and by that point he wasn’t happy with her. He dated Mel for the remainder of the school year but when May came around and Gus graduated early he was off to Martha’s Vineyard.  George taught him so much and a pleasant surprise was George’s daughter. Marley.  She was a pretty, young woman and had the same open, pleasant personality as her father. The first summer they became best friends but over the next few summers, the friendship bloomed and by the time Gus finished culinary school George had a business proposal and Gus had a proposal of his own planned.  He asked Marley to marry him and she accepted.  George’s proposal was to help Gus and JR open a bakery as long as Gus would overnight desserts to the Island several times a week.  By the time they were 23 the bakery was a success.

JR had also found the love of his life.  Trevor was smart and handsome and only had eyes for JR.  They had actually met at a Kinnetik and Company event.  Trevor worked in Justin’s department and was a very talented artist.  It was love at first sight and within two months they had moved in together.

JR and Raymond continued to live with Ted and Victor. They were still close with their mom but when she had finished school she had been offered an amazing job and it was agreed by everyone that it was best for the boys to stay with a very willing Ted and Victor.

Aiden and Raymond were still friends but as they grew older they grew apart.  Brian and Justin had decided it was best for Aiden to go to a private school.  He would always be smaller than most boys his age and just couldn’t participate in many school activities.  He was accepted into a prestigious academy that focused on academics and Aiden thrived. 

Cass had moved out as planned and in the spring, when she finished grad school she moved away and married her boyfriend.  All of them missed her but they knew it would happen sooner or later and they wanted her to be happy.

Jennifer and Joe loved married life and both had retired shortly after so they could travel and be free to help with the grandchildren. One of them would help with Aiden most days after school. Molly’s pregnancy was textbook and she gave birth to a precious baby boy who they named Spencer Jr. after his daddy.

Kinnetik and Company had reopened after the first of the year and business multiplied. Soon the new building was filled to capacity and they were turning business away. The combination of Brian and Justin’s skills in one company gave them many services other agencies didn’t have. 


As time went on Brian and Justin would talk to Cass a couple times a year.  One time she ended up on their doorstep.  She had a black eye and bruises on her arms.  Her husband had blamed her for the miscarriage she had.  But when he came back, pleading for forgiveness, stating he had just been distraught over the loss of their baby girl, Cass left with him but not before Brian and Justin had talked to her, letting her know she could always come back if she decided to leave him.  She thanked them but assured them she would be fine.

On their fourth wedding anniversary Marley gave birth to their daughter.  Fiona had a mop of dark wavy hair just like her daddy and big blue eyes that stole her grandfathers’ hearts instantly as well as her Uncle Aiden’s. 

By the time Fiona was born Aiden was 16 and spent as much time with his brother and sister in law as he could. He could spend hours holding his niece.  He had decided to go into pediatrics like his Uncle Victor. He had started taking some general college courses online and would go to campus when his courses required it.  


In one evening everything changed.  Marley and Fiona had stopped by the bakery so her daddy could have some snuggle time and Marley could eat her favorite pastry.  It was about 4:00 when Gus locked Fiona into her carseat and then took Marley into his arms and kissed her. “I should be home by 6:00 at the latest.  JR is closing up today.”

“Hey, Gus,” JR called from the door of the restaurant. “That salesman is on the phone.” 

“I gotta go.” Gus turned and moved toward the door.

“I love you, Gus” She called back as Gus entered the bakery”

Gus took care of the salesman on the phone and did a little more work in the office. It was about 5:15 when JR walked into Gus’ office and a man he had never seen before followed him in. “Gus,” JR walked around his desk and put a hand on his shoulder as the gentleman took out a wallet and showed them his badge.

“What is this, JR? I need to get moving. I promised Marley I would…” his voice trailed off when he looked at the police officer’s face. “JR?”

“Mr. Kinney, I’m afraid there was an accident. A car ran a red light and hit your wife’s car. I am sorry to tell you that your wife…”

“No, don’t say it.  Marley was just here. I kissed her goodbye.  I put my daughter...OH GOD, Fiona.  Which hospital are they in? I need to go see them.”

“Sir, your wife has passed away but your daughter was taken to the Children’s Hospital. I can take you there if you would like me to.”

Gus stood up and JR hugged him.  “I will have your dads meet you there.  I will be there as soon as I can get this place closed up.”

 

Gus followed the policeman out the door in a total daze. Gus Kinney’s life had just changed forever.

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1691