Layover… by 7Wildwaysup
Summary:

Brian attempts to win back his big account, but settles for something a little more licentious…


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney
Tags: Season 3
Genres: Could be Canon
Pairings: Brian/Other
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 717 Read: 579 Published: Oct 06, 2021 Updated: Oct 06, 2021

1. Layover… by 7Wildwaysup

Layover… by 7Wildwaysup
Title: Layover…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 593
Beta Queen: BigJ52


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Summary: Brian attempts to win back his big account, but settles for something a little more licentious…

Layover…

I’m sitting in the upscale bar at the airport, drinking shot after shot to calm my nerves. I just pitched the campaign of my life, and I know I was impressive. But my current reputation in advertising has taken a hit, and I’m now persona non grata. I spent the last of my savings on my airline ticket, so sure I could win this account. I know I should stop buying shots. I really can’t afford to spend any more money than I already have, but I’m just so fucking angry. I can just see the disappointment in Justin’s eyes when I tell him all our hard work was for nothing. I never had a chance, they’d already made up their mind before I arrived. They were just humoring me by allowing me to pitch my campaign. They’ll probably go with another firm, using my ideas.

The bartender refills my shot glass, even though I told him I was finished. He nods towards the gentleman at the end of the bar, who grins at me and starts to make his way towards me. I’m a little drunk, still dressed in my designer suit with my perfect hair. Always the pretty boy, still able to pull any guy I want.

He smiles as he sits down. “You look even better than your picture.”

Smugly I respond, “I always look good. I aim to please.”

Now he’s the one looking smug. “I’m counting on it.”

I’m not usually slow to pick up on the signals, but I guess it’s all the alcohol I’ve consumed. I’m just catching on that he thinks I’m someone else.

“I’ve already booked us the penthouse at the Fairmont, and ordered us dinner and champagne. I want this to be an evening I’ll always remember.”

Oh Fuck! This guy thinks I’m a rent boy. I look at him a little closer. Yep, Armani suit, Rolex watch, Tiffany cufflinks, and I’d know that cologne anywhere, Tom Ford.

“I hope you don’t think I’m being too forward, but after Jeffrey showed me your picture, and told me about your night together, I couldn’t resist phoning you. I appreciate you flying in to meet me. I have to fly back to Paris in the morning for business.”

Brian hesitates, thinking about everything that’s happening. He’s never taken money for sex before, but Justin and he sure could use the cash.

“I know this isn’t your usual arrangement, but like I said on the phone, I’m more than willing to compensate you for your time, and cover all your expenses.”

Brian looks down, knowing he needs to make a decision, set this guy straight, or go for it.

“Well…”

“How about another five thousand to spend the night, on top of your usual fee?”

Brian gives him a good look over, he seems harmless. He’s not bad looking for an older guy, and his accent is kind of sexy.

“I’ll have to make a few calls and rearrange my schedule, but I think it’s workable.”

“Good. I’m looking forward to getting to know you better”

“We’ll see…”

~~~

The next morning Justin’s parked at the curb outside the arrivals terminal, waiting for Brian. They can no longer afford the car service from the airport. He jumps out of the car to greet Brian, still getting that excited feeling in the pit of his stomach every time he sees him.

“So, things when well? They liked your presentation?”

“Oh, yeah. The client was definitely pleased.”

“What? Why do you have that funny look on your face?”

The End

Just a little ficlet till I spank my muse back into submission…
End Notes:
Authors Note: God, it’s been like forever, over a year, since I’ve posted anything. I’m experiencing some problems with my wrist, elbow and arm. Apparently I have tennis elbow and a frozen shoulder. I was leery of visiting a doctor during the year of Covid, and my condition continued to deteriorate. I could only be on my computer for about ten minutes, and then I was in extreme pain the rest of the day. Amazingly after a shot of cortisone, and now physical therapy, things are improving. I bought the Dragon software, which is voice activated, so I can write by just talking. But it’s taking a bit of time to master using it. If anyone’s familiar with this software, and has any suggestions to make writing easier while using it, please let me know. ~ Kathleen
This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1702