How Was Your Weekend? by UnusualMe
Summary: Just a short story, Justin and Brian have separate bachelor parties. Things go right and very wrong. It's a light read so not very wrong.
Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney
Tags: Established Relationship
Genres: Fix-it
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 4765 Read: 350 Published: Apr 15, 2022 Updated: Apr 15, 2022
Story Notes:
I don't own QAF or the characters. If you are following my other stories, To live again, I have 5 new chapters, I want to finish the whole story and post so not to disappoint. Small town Saturday night, I have 2 new chapters. I don't want anyone to be upset about the lack of updates. I'm almost done with To live again, so I hope it will be only a week, if that.

1. Chapter 1 by UnusualMe

Chapter 1 by UnusualMe
“I just don’t understand why we can’t have the same bachelor party?” Justin asked.

“What fun is going a little crazy if the ball and chain is right there?” Emmett said with a laugh.

Justin didn’t want to say what he was really thinking, Brian would have all their friends at his and Justin would be alone.

“Where is your party happening?” Ted asked.

Brian’s was going to be in Las Vegas which Justin would have loved but was too down to say.

“Daphne won’t tell me,” he said. Daphne was his best woman, and she was planning his party. She was so excited about it, so he let it be.

“I’ve got my bag all packed for this weekend. It’s going to be a blast. Maybe I shouldn’t drink so I can stop Brian from taking a stripper to bed,” Emmett said.

“This weekend there are no rules, he can do as he pleases.”

They had only been monogamous for a few months. But there was no way he would put a leash on Brian for his bachelor party. He was just lucky that Brian wanted to still get married. It had been two years of long-distance dating until he moved back from New York.

It was amazing to be proposed to by Brian Kinney one time, but he had been proposed to three times. The first time had been panicking on Brian’s side. The second time was incredibly romantic, and the third time was funny. They had been drinking, heavily and Brian grabbed the mic from the goth singing Love Shack. He got on one knee and proposed. Then he forgot what he was doing and started singing Barracuda. Now that Brian was over thirty-five alcohol seemed to have more of an effect on him.

“No rules? That doesn’t seem smart,” Ted said.

“Well, good thing we don’t live our lives according to others.”

“We are quite alright with being monogamous. Remember that, in case you meet a hot stripper,” Ben said, giving Michael a look. Michael just shook his head with a laugh.

“Are you going with them Ben?” Justin asked. He didn’t know who all was going to Brian’s party.

“Nope, I’ve been invited to another bachelor party,” Ben said smiling at him.

“Daphne invited you?”

“Yes, it that so surprising?”

“No, I just thought you would be going to Vegas with Michael.”

“Well, Daphne had a great idea. That it would just be Michael, Ted and Emmett going with Brian. Yours would be her, Blake, me, and you. She invited Emmett’s boyfriend, but he didn’t want to go,” Ben said.

“He probably won’t make it long enough to the bachelor party,” Emmett said with a wave of his hand.

“I really thought he was the one,” Justin said. Justin didn’t like the man, but he thought Emmett was head over heels.

“What can I say? I’m picky.”

Ted laughed and Emmett glared at him.

“It’s this weekend and you think he’ll be gone by then?” Justin asked. Emmett just shrugged.

The bell over the diner door jingled. Justin looked up and saw Brian walking in. Still after all these years he took Justin’s breath away, just as he did that first night.

“What are you ladies gabbing about,” Brian asked, sliding in beside Justin, stealing one of his fries.

“Bachelor parties,” Justin told him.

“Normally I wouldn’t condone such idiot traditions but who am I to say no to a weekend in Vegas. Where is Daphne making you go?”

“She said it’s a surprise. I’m a little nervous because she can be a little crazy.”

“Probably some place with hot bodies and little brains.”

“That sounds like somewhere you would pick. This is Daphne we’re talking about. My guess is we’re going to do something boring, no hot guy to be found.”

“Hey,” Ben said from the other table, clearly offended.

“Sorry, excluding my friends,” he told him.

They continued talking about the bachelor party and the wedding. It was going to be better than the one planned before because this one they planned, not Emmett. This one was much more of them.

He had just said goodbye to Brian as he left for airport. Brian was leaving later a few hours after his flight. He still didn’t know where he was going because Daphne got all their tickets. All she told him was that they would need their passports.

Once they were at the airport it became clear where they were going Puerto Vallarta. Brian had spoken about going but Justin had never been. He remembered he had told Daphne about him wanting to go.

“You did this for me?” he asked her.

“I would do anything for you. You’re my best friend. Now, let’s hope everyone else is on time.”

All their guest were there on time, and all seemed excited about the destination.

“This is going to be so fun. Ted even said I could have a pass if I wanted. Not that I am but it’s nice to have the option,” Blake said, grinning like a fool.

Justin liked Blake, he had been to hell and back to get his addition under control. Then he had to go through it all over again helping Ted get clean. Ted had told him that everyone said they shouldn’t get together because two addicts were a relapse waiting to happen. He was glad they didn’t listen.

“Well, Michael made sure I remember that no pass was given for us,” Ben said. Justin wasn’t surprised, those two were not cut out for an open relationship…too much jealousy on both sides.

“What about you Daph? Any flings on the horizon?” he asked his best friend.

“Oh, I don’t know, I did just get out of a soul crushing relationship so who knows.” Justin hugged her, he had told her once that he thought Jake was a jerk, she called him bitter, and he then kept his mouth shut. When she found out Jake was not only cheating but got another woman pregnant, he had spent the full weekend with her. They drank and talked about Jake’s little dick and him not knowing how to use what little he did have.

“So, we have to watch Ben and make sure he stays a good boy?” Blake asked.

“Yeah right, I’ll believe Ben would cheat on Michael the day after Brian joins the priesthood,” Justin said.

They chatted while waiting for them to be called to board. It was a good atmosphere until he spotted a familiar face coming at them.

“I thought they broke up,” Ben groaned.

“It only lasted a few hours. I offered to let him come so I couldn’t renege on it,” Daphne said, looking to be regretting that decision.

“Glad you could make it, Otto,” Justin lied.

“Well, who am I to pass up on an all-expense paid trip to a 5-star resort.”

Justin gaped at Daphne. “How can you afford this?”

“Do you really think I’m paying for this? I was given free rein on how to make a nice weekend for you. Brian said only the best because that’s what he’s getting for his and it’s only fair.”

“Looks like I picked the wrong guy,” Otto muttered.

He really hated the guy and wished he wasn’t going on the trip with them. But hopefully they wouldn’t have to put up with him much. They didn’t have anything in common and he would probably go his own way once they were there.

“You’re not Brian’s type,” Daphne told him.

“I’m everyone’s type.”

Otto was hot but it was only skin deep. He was a little shorter than Emmett but muscular. He wasn’t sure exactly what his job was, but it was something in insurance he knew.

Justin rolled his eyes and decided to ignore the idiot. This was his weekend, and he was going to have fun.



“Aren’t we all supposed to share a room for a bachelor party?” Emmett asked.

“There is no way I’m sharing a room with any of you,” Brian said.

“Don’t worry Brian, I made sure to get you your own room. Everyone else has is sharing a room. It was all I could get because Brian wanted to stay here and there were only two rooms left,” Michael said.

That was good because while he didn’t care if he had sex in front of his friends, he’d be damned if he shared a bed with them. This weekend was going to be filled with sex, drugs, and debauchery. He wondered if Justin planned to fuck someone or many someone’s during his weekend. Justin always took sex a little more to heart than he did. It was the reason Ian got his grubby little hands in their relationship.

The hotel was the only one he ever stayed. There were none of the obnoxious families or annoying tourists here. Justin called him a snob the last time they were there, he thought that was rich coming from Justin.

“Alright, the first thing on our itinerary is the magic show at the MGM,” Michael told them.

“The fuck I am. I’m going to gamble my first thousand away then I’m going to fuck a blackjack dealer,” Brian said.

“Why a blackjack dealer? That’s oddly specific,” Ted said.

Brian pulled the folded-up paper in his pocked out, handing it over to Ted. Ted read it, his face getting more and more red.

“Let me get this straight, you made a sex hit list?”

“Nope, Justin made it.”

“So, your fiancé has made a sex scavenger hunt?” Ted’s eyes were wider than he’d ever seen and that was including when he was high. “Magician. Real cop. Bouncer. Man in glasses. Man with face tattoo. A Swede. This is insane.” There were more than just those, a list of twelve. It was going to be a busy weekend.

“What can I say, he knows what makes me happy.”

“Fucking nameless tricks. I thought you two were past that,” Emmett said, he looked disappointed.

“We are, call this one last weekend of tricking.”

“Does Justin have the same fuck list?” Michael asked.

“That’s not something Justin would enjoy, but he does have something he wants. What it is you’ll have to ask him on Monday. Alright, I’m off.”



“Wow, this place is gorgeous. Brian is going to be so jealous,” Blake said as they put their luggage away in their suite. They rented a three-bedroom suite. Justin and Daphne sharing one room, Ben and Blake the other and lastly Otto to himself because no one wanted to share with him.

It really was a beautiful suite with an amazing view. No wonder Brian loved coming here.

“I’m going to need so much sun block,” he told them.

They laughed, all except Otto who rolled his eyes and left.

“I hope he won’t be around much, he’s already spoiling it,” Blake said.

“Just forget about him. Our whale watching tour starts soon, let’s get ready,” Daphne told them.

They all got dressed, ready to go before his friends stopped him.

“What’s with wearing the ‘fuck me’ clothes?” Blake asked.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” he lied.

“That’s bullshit, spill,” Daphne said, her arms crossed over her chest.

“Fine, it’s a thing, between me and Brian. Please, let leave it at that.” He knew they wouldn’t understand.

Daphne shook her head. “Fine, but you’re not fucking anyone on the boat,” she told them. He laughed but they left it at that.

Once they were on the boat, he forgot about everything else. The whole atmosphere was amazing. Their guide was a blonde woman with pale skin, she had an annoying voice that he tried to block out.

“Having fun?” someone whispered in his ear.

Justin jumped but just a little, he turned smiling at the man that had spoken. The stranger was tall with muscles a little more than Brian’s. Dark with beautiful brown eyes and short black hair.

“Um…yeah,” he said, feeling the blush in his cheeks. He was deeply in love with Brian, but this man would make a nun swoon.

“What brings you here?” the man asked, his voice smooth as silk.

“My bachelor party,” he told him, a little breathlessly.

“She’s a lucky woman,” the man said looking him up and down.

Justin worried because they were in Mexico about letting someone know he was gay. But the reason why Daphne picked the place she said it was a hot spot for LGBTQ community.

“He is amazing, I’m the lucky one.”

A smile appeared on the man’s face. “Really?”

“Yes.”

“Are you busy tonight?”

“I don’t know, my friend planned out the trip.”

“I hope I’ll see you,” the man said before walking away.

“Good thing you’re getting married, or I would have had to pry you off of him,” Ben said with a laugh.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he denied.

“You’re drooling,” Blake said.

“Oh, shut up,” he said as they laughed at him.



“Have you finished your list yet?” Michael asked.

“I’ve only been here six hours, even I need a break.” The blackjack dealer was good, but he lacked any natural talent. The cop had an amazing mouth.

“Since when? Maybe you are getting too old. Time to settle down and start yelling at kids to get off your lawn.”

Brian glared at Ted, but Emmett smacked him. “Shut up, you know he’s a flight risk. I will not have a sad Sunshine on my hands.”

“You won’t be having any Sunshine on your hands.”

They laughed but didn’t say anything. Everyone knew that Brian was a bit of the jealous type, not with Justin fucking anyone else. It was his heart that he worried someone would get…again. That’s why it hurt so much with Ian because he was expecting it. He knew at the time he didn’t deserve love, so when Justin left, he tried not to let it hurt. But it did and that was even worse.



It was the third club they hit. The first was fun but Daphne got a little too wild and they were asked to leave. The second was better than the first but they didn’t like people jumping on the bar and stripping, so they had to leave it thank to Ben.

The third was bright and full of hot women and men. Daphne had danced off with a man she met earlier at the resort, he was a doctor in Miami. Ben had gone back to the resort because he started feeling a little run down. Blake went back with him, saying they were going to watch movies. It was nice of Blake not wanting Ben to be alone. But that left him alone, he hadn’t seen Otto since they got there but that was a plus.

“What are you doing here all alone?”

Justin did jump this time. Turning he saw the man from earlier on the Whale watching tour. “You have got to stop sneaking up to me.” And speaking in his ear, he left out.

“My little conejito,” the man purred, running his hand down the side of Justin’s face.

Justin blushed and then he remembered what Brian had told him. He was planning a surprise for him on his trip. He knew that Daphne told Brian where they were going, there was no way she wouldn’t. He liked that Brian played dumb though anyway.

“Are you stalking me?” Justin joked.

“We just seem to like the same places. Come dance with me,” he said, grabbing Justin’s hand. Justin went willingly, Brian really could pick men.

That was the reason Justin didn’t want to tell them why he had dressed up. Brian wanted to fuck as many men as possible, Justin knew that. Justin wanted a vacation fling, some person to fuck and like but not keep. Brian was for keeping. He wondered if it was a little too controlling for Brian to pick the man that he had his fling with but looking at him, who wouldn’t.

After dancing for a while, he saw Daphne. She was looking like she was going to leave.

“Why don’t we go back to my room,” the man said.

Knowing this was his last chance at a no strings attached fling, he was ready to take it. After all, Brian picked this man out for him. “Sure. Let me tell my friend I’m leaving first.” The man nodded and Justin went over to Daphne.

“Who is that?” she asked, her speech a little slurred.

“That is Brian’s surprise. He found a fling for me to have on our trip.”

She looked confused. “But why would he want that? That doesn’t sound like him.”

“It’s a little odd but who am I to say no. Are you going back to the hotel?”

“Yeah.” She still looked confused. He was about to tell the man he needed to take her back when Otto showed up. Even though he was a dick he was a trustworthy dick. He promised to get Daph back to the hotel safely. They left and Justin left with the stranger.



His head was pounding, and someone was banging on the door. Rubbing his eyes, he got out of bed and walked to the door. Opening it, he was greeted by Michael’s smiling face.

“What the fuck do you want?” It was too early for this.

“It’s time for breakfast,” Michael said with his puppy dog eyes.

“You woke me up to eat breakfast?”

“It’s our last day here, come on, you can sleep on the plane.”

“Fine but I have a hangover that kills, so you better not let Emmett talk.”

They got together in the dining room of the hotel, all except Emmett. Ted looked tired; he knew it wasn’t from gambling because he abstained from anything that could trigger his addictions. Michael looked like he was getting ready for space camp.

“What are you wearing?” Brian asked.

“It’s a NASA shirt, I got it when me and Ben went to Huntsville with JR.”

He remembered that trip, he had Gus during that time. Lindsay and Mel went on a trip to the Bahamas. He took Gus to New York to visit Justin. Gus wanted to see so many places, he and Justin were exhausted by the end of the vacation.

“You look like you’re twelve,” he told Michael.

Michael rolled his eyes. “Where is Emmett?”

“I haven’t seen him since last night,” Ted said. “Maybe we should look for him.”

“Emmett is a big boy, he can take care of himself,” Brian told them. He pulled his phone out to check his messages. He had a client he was expecting to hear back from. Also, Justin usually would leave him a message at night. He had been too wasted to check last night.

There were three messages, he hit 1 and put the phone to his ear.

“Message 1: Hey Brian, this is Curt Jones, you’ve got yourself a deal. Call me on Monday.” As soon as the options played, he hit 7 to delete.

“Next Message: Brian, it’s Lindsay, Gus wanted to know if it was alright if he wore dinosaur underwear, don’t ask me why he needs permission. Love you, talk soon.” He groaned, Gus had seen him changing and asked why he didn’t have characters on his underwear. He told his son that was for little kids, looks like he had some smoothing over to do; he deleted the message.

“Next Message: GOD DAMMIT ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE! I’M IN JAIL, COME GET ME OUT! OH GOD, THERE IS A GUY EYE FUCKING ME, SOON, GET ME SOON!”

Deleting the message, he looked up at his friends. “Emmett’s in jail. I’m getting an omelet.”



Justin woke up after an amazing night. He would have to thank Brian but without details, he was easily hurt but not many people knew that. The reason why Brian pushed for the fling, was twofold, one because he knew Justin wouldn’t enjoy nameless sex. Two, because he wanted him to be sure it was him that he wanted to be married too. That no other man could come and sweep him off his feet. The night was great but Justin’s feet where safely on the ground, there was only one man for him.

“Good morning,” Emiliano whispered in Justin’s ear. The man did love to do that.

“Morning,” Justin said, stretching his arms out. “I really need to get back to my hotel though. Everyone is probably worried.”

“It’s too long of a drive. Why don’t we have breakfast,” Emiliano purred.

“Wait, I don’t remember going far.”

“You fell asleep after we made love. We left my hotel and I brought you home.”

Justin sat up and looked around. They were in a rich looking place with beautiful wallpaper. It looked like something that was in a magazine.

“You brought me here? Why?” He was having trouble making sense of what happened.

“To live, mi conejito.”

“I have a home. What is wrong with you? Did you drug me? I would’ve woken up if you tried to move me.”

“I don’t like your implication.”

A sense of dread filled him. “Brian didn’t ask you to do this, did he?”

“Who is Brian?”

Justin jumped out of bed and ran to the door. When he opened it two men were standing in front of it with huge guns strapped to them. “No. No. No. This can’t be happening.” He turned to look at Emiliano. “It was just a one-night stand.”

“It was more than that. You’re mine, I’ve just been waiting for you.”

Oh…he’s insane.



Brian was laughing his ass off as they picked Emmett up from the jail.

“Really, Honeycutt, prostitution. You should be ashamed.” The charges were dropped but they still kept Emmett until he sobered up because he was being a little over the top.

“I’ve told you not to call me Honeycutt. It reminds me when the kids would throw rocks at me when I walked home.”

Brian rolled his eyes. Did Emmett think he was the only one that had issues growing up?

“Let’s go, I saw the cop I was with. Don’t want him thinking we’ll have another go.”

“Did you finish your list?” Ted asked.

“Only have two more. A Cirque du Soleil performer and a pilot.”

“Is there anyone that he wouldn’t let you fuck?” Ted asked, he actually curious.

“Virgins. Turns out they get a little too attached.”

His friends laughed because they had known that was Justin. What they didn’t know was it was Justin’s rule, not because of his own heartbreak but the virgin he hurt. His Sunshine had a lot of guilt for the things he had done in his life no matter what Brian told him about being sorry.

“Please, just don’t fuck our pilot,” Michael said. “I would like to get back home without that.”

“Don’t worry I already have the one planned, going to meet him in an hour.”

“What about the performer?” Ted asked.

“Half an hour later.”

“You should be careful Bri or it will fall off,” Ted said, shaking his head.

“Too much life to lead, and I think Justin would be unhappy if that happens.”

They left the police station and headed back to the hotel. Six hours later they were waiting for their flight. Brian had crossed off all on his list of tricks. Justin was going to laugh when he tells him about having a threesome with the pilot and performer to save time. The two seemed to really get on and they exchanged numbers. The pilot whispered that he would send him and invitation to Brian when he marries the performer. He said it was love at first sight and all he needed to do was win him over. Brian called him crazy and left but who was he to say it wouldn’t work. Justin had said it was love at first sight for him, he wasn’t sure how much he believed that but who knows.

Looking at his phone, like he had been doing all day he saw no calls from Justin. He hated that he was worried. Shaking his head, he realized he was being stupid. Justin was probably just having too much fun. He would see him later in the day.

His cell phone rang, startling him. Looking down he saw it was Daphne’s number.

“Yeah?” he answered.

“Umm…Brian. This is Daphne.”

“Yeah, I know. What do you want?” His eyes were on the gate board, he didn’t want to miss when they called them up.

“Have you heard from Justin today?”

“No. Why?” he asked suspiciously.

“We sort’ve haven’t seen him since last night.”

“What? Where are you?”

“Puerto Vallarta. Our flight is in a few hours and he’s not back.”

“What was he doing the last time you saw him?”

“We were at a club; he went home with that guy you hired.”

“Wait. What guy?”

“Justin said that you two had an agreement, you have a fuck list, and he would have a weekend fling. He said you must have hired the guy.”

“Would you listen to yourself? Why would I hire someone to romance him? I told him he could have a fling because I wanted him to be sure of the marriage, but I would never orchestrate it. I didn’t even know where you were going.”

“That’s right, I knew something didn’t sound right last night but I was so drunk. I’m worried, his phone goes directly to voicemail.”

“Tell me everywhere you have been,” he demanded.



This was going to be the worst bachelor story in history. He was kept in that room until Emiliano’s wife came home. She apologized to him and said that he had mental illness and sometimes he did out of character things. She asked if he had hurt him, when he said no just scared him, she asked if he wanted money to make it go away. Not really wanting to deal with the legal system in Mexico he just told her no, a ride to the airport was fine.

The driver was nice enough to chat with him, asking him things about his life. He just hoped that Daphne took his stuff to the airport for him. It would be cutting it close, but he should make it.

“Thank you, Manny,” he told the man who drove him.

“My pleasure, thank you for not making trouble for my boss.” Justin didn’t know what his boss did, but the guns and guards didn’t scream legal. He didn’t want to point fingers, but he was sure it was drug related.

“I didn’t want trouble for anyone. Bye, take care,” he said as he rushed in. Inside he asked if they could make an announcement for Daphne.

Ten minutes later she was running towards him and hugged him tightly.

“Where the hell were you?” she demanded, pushing him.

“You wouldn’t believe it if I told you.”

“You are so in trouble. Oh damn, one minute.” She pulled her phone out and hit some buttons. “He’s here, he just got here,” she said into the phone. “Right. We’ll see you soon.”

She closed her phone and put it back in her bag.

“Who was that?”

“Your future husband and let me tell you, if he doesn’t love you, he’s a good liar. He was looking for a flight here to look for you.”

“Yep, I have some apologizing to do. Did he say anything else?”

“Yeah, he said he won.”
This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1776