It's Only Time... by Taylor-Kinney
Summary:

I think the title (and banner) says it all... Justin is leaving for New York and this is a short story about how Brian is dealing with it. WARNING: Yes, it is sad, sorry :(
Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor
Tags: M/M, One-Shot, Season 5, Vulnerable Brian
Genres: Drama, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 478 Read: 291 Published: Apr 29, 2022 Updated: Apr 29, 2022
Story Notes:
If there are any mistakes, I'm very sorry, but my brain is just really tired today. Lol.

1. Chapter 1 by Taylor-Kinney

Chapter 1 by Taylor-Kinney
He did it. He became the best homosexual he could possibly be. And now his talent will set the world on fire. He wants to follow his dream and I have to let him go. Even though it hurts so much I can't even breath. But if there's one really selfless thing I can do, it's this - put his needs first and do what's best for him.


I know he would stay if I asked him to, he loves me so much he would throw it all away. But I also love him so much that I'll give up what we could have had if he stayed, because right now he needs to be in New York, using that amazing brain of his.

So I just take a deep breath and I find all my strength to take him to the airport. I'm smiling at him the whole time and I don't even think about letting myself cry - because Brian Kinney doesn't do that, right? - but I just know that it is the one thing that would stop him from following his dream. And I just can't let that happen. I can't be the reason holding him back.

Now, knowing that I won't see him for God knows how long, if ever again, I'll kiss him one last time while I tightly wrap my arms around him. I inhale his scent as I try to imprint every part of him into my mind. His touch. His skin. His hair. His lips. His eyes. Well, just about everything. And I softly whisper in his ear the three words I should have said a long time ago, but unfortunately I was too big of a coward who waited too long: "I love you."

And now it's time to let him go from my arms knowing that he's taking a big part of me with him. He's smiling at me with that big beautiful smile of his, but his eyes are full of tears. And it is breaking my heart.

He says 'I love you' as he slowly turns around, fighting with every cell of his body with the need to stay here with me. And my eyes are following him as he's slowly walking away from me until I lose sight of him him in the crowd. My throat is tightened and my heart is racing, but deep down I just know that this is what's right. That this is the life he needs to live right now.

But there is also one thing I'm really sure of... no matter how long it takes... I'll wait for him. I will hold him in my heart until I can hold him in my arms again. Because I know that in the end we will find our way back to each other.

Like I already said... It's only time.
End Notes:
Thank you for reading.
This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1782