Legacy 1 - The Center is Open by Simply written
Summary:

 

Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor had been married for two years. They lived in Britin with six year old Gus, eighteen month old Aaron, and six month old Jessi. Extended friends and family lived with them, helping with the children and the compound. Gus' mother had just returned to the states and was rebuilding her relationships after a year's absence.  

Their friends, James and Emmett, lived in another house on the property. James was in charge of security and managed the property. James' mother, Ronni and her husband, Dante, lived on the third house on their property. Ronni managed the house staff, but in the next six weeks she would be giving birth to her first grandchild for James and Emmett. She hadn't realized how much harder it would be to have a child at her age, but it would be worth it when she held her son's baby in her arms.

Brian's father, Kevin, would be moving out very soon. He was moving into Brian's childhood home. He also was going to open a new shelter. With Brian's help, Kevin, along with friends, were opening Legacy Center. It would be an escape for teens that had been thrown out or mistreated because of their sexuality. Kevin had run a similar place in Atlanta but he left that in the care of friends. Tom and Natalia, as well as his ‘adopted' daughters, Brandy and Sally, would do a good job keeping the place running smoothly. Brandy and Sally were also about to be parents so the family was growing.

Life at Britin was full of life and love. And although they may face the ups and downs of life, together this tribe can make it through anything.

 


Categories: QAF US Characters: Blake Wyzecki, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Cynthia, Debbie Novotny, Drew Boyd, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Jennifer Taylor, Joan Kinney, Justin Taylor, Original Character, Original Female Character, Original Male Character
Tags: 10k+ Word Count
Genres: None
Pairings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Legacy
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 67967 Read: 2299 Published: Apr 01, 2023 Updated: Apr 01, 2023
Story Notes:

 

This was written by Simply written. I'm just posting it for her.

~Lorie

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

5. Chapter 5 by Simply written

6. Chapter 6 by Simply written

7. Chapter 7 by Simply written

8. Chapter 8 by Simply written

9. Chapter 9 by Simply written

10. Chapter 10 by Simply written

11. Chapter 11 by Simply written

12. Chapter 12 by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written

 

The house came alive early as usual. Brian heard Jessi waking up and slipped out of bed so Justin could sleep a few minutes longer. He changed her and made a bottle before returning to the bedroom and getting back in bed next to Justin as he fed their daughter.

Brian thought about the past few years. Justin's bashing and being told he had died was a two year journey of finding where his father had hidden him. Now, two children had been added to the family to join his, no, their son. Having three children was keeping them hopping and as much as he wasn't excited about adding Jessi to the family... he looked down at her having her breakfast... he couldn't imagine not having her in their lives. As the kids grew, it would be great having them close together.  

Justin reached for him, still half asleep. He rolled over and smiled when he saw Jessi was with them. He kissed his daughter and then kissed Brian, wrapping an arm around his neck, lengthening the kiss.

"That is going to have to wait until," Brian thought for a moment, "sometime. After lunch Dad, Blake, Ted, and I are going to meet. We are going to go over some details about Legacy Center. Final construction should be complete in the next week and hopefully before the first of February we should be able to open it. Of course you can come, too."

"I don't know if I have ever seen you so excited about a new project. Maybe one or two of your big accounts at Kinnetik, but this is different." Justin took Jess from Brian and made her giggle.  There was someone out in the hall. "That's either Linds or Connor. Speaking of Lindsay, what are we going to do about this?"

"It's New Year's Day. She isn't going to be able to contact a lawyer today and I doubt she would think she needs one. She will think she can talk us out of custody. She has no idea we already had papers drawn up that just need to be filed. Don't mention it to her. Maybe she will see the light before we do it legally."

"I agree. She might realize getting a new job, finding a place to live, and a son to take care of alone, is more than she can deal with right now. And then by the time she tries, Gus will speak up." Justin stood and strode across the room naked.

"Fuck! I'm going to see if Connor is around. Get the water to temperature. I'll be right there."

Connor, their manny, was across the hall with Aaron. He had changed him and picked him up to take him downstairs. He gladly took Jessi from Brian and moved downstairs with both children. Brian rushed back to his room and undressed as he headed to the bathroom.

Justin had his back to the entry to the shower stall when Brian entered and wrapped his arms around him from behind, letting his hands travel below Justin's waist and gently cup his balls with one hand and stroked his cock with the other. "You know, having three children has really cut back on our sex life. Of course, half the time we are too tired for it anyway."

"And we wouldn't change anything, would we?" Justin rested his back against Brian's chest. He moved his ass against Brian's now growing cock.

"I love you, Mr. Taylor." Brian positioned Justin against the glass and moved into him.

Justin made the sound he always did when Brian moved into him, and the waves of pleasure rolled over him. "Damn, I love you, too, Brian."

After finishing their shower, they dressed. "Brian, you know Kevin can stay here as long as he wants, but is his house about ready for him to move?"

"I can't remember what day this week, but we are meeting at the house to review what needs to be done. He said it should only take about a week." Brian's tone was flat. 

Justin knew Brian hated that house. He hoped once the changes were made and Kevin moved in, the heaviness would leave it. "Brian, if you don't want to go, I can go with Kevin. We can review everything with the contractor."

Brian walked over to him and put his arms around him. "Thanks, but I just need to say goodbye to the ghosts. It's just a house, a building. It was never a home."

Justin kissed him, "I'd like to come, too. I want to see what changes are going to be made."

"Of course, Sunshine." They kissed once more. "We better go down for breakfast. I am sure Lindsay is dying for attention. She was never good on her own. I hope she finds a new partner soon."

Charly had set up a buffet of breakfast foods and Ronni sat by the table feeding Jessi a little more while Connor fed Aaron. They had just missed Ted and Blake, who went for a walk around Britin. But Gus and Lindsay were still there. "Daddies, did you see my mom's here! Did you know she was coming? You didn't tell me."

"We didn't know, Gus." Justin walked over and kissed the top of Gus' head. 

Lindsay started, "I told them I would be here, Gus, I..."

Brian looked her directly in the eyes. "She hadn't told us what day she would be here. Good thing you have a few days off of school so you can spend time with her."

"And I'm not going anywhere, Gus. I'm your mommy and you are..."

"Lindsay, can I speak to you for a minute?"

"But I'm helping Gus..."

"Gus can feed himself. He is six years old."

"Ya, Mom, I'm not a baby." 

Brian nodded to the hall and Lindsay followed him reluctantly. 

"Brian," she started when they were out of earshot. "I want to spend time with my son."

"And that is fine, but he has only seen you a couple times in the last year."

"He was so excited to see me. You should have been there.  He..."

"I never doubted he loves you, Lindz." Brian tried to take the edge off his voice. "But he is in kindergarten. He loves you but really doesn't know you any more." 

"Brian, it is not my fault I was gone. I was trying to salvage my marriage."

"How long ago did you and Mel separate?" Brian asked, knowing Mel had been living with someone else for at least 3 months.

"Brian, I had obligations.  I..."

"Lindsay, I don't want to argue. I don't want Gus to get hurt as he readjusts."

"Well, by the time I find a place he will be ready to..."

"You really don't want to go there right now." They both looked toward the kitchen, hearing more voices. "I need to go to my guests. We will figure out which room you can stay in until you find a place of your own." Brian moved toward the kitchen without giving her a chance to respond.

 

James and Emmett, along with Blake and Ted, were getting cups of coffee and getting something to eat. James already had Aaron giggling, throwing him in the air.  "Jamesy, I grabbed enough for the two of us."

James handed Aaron to Connor and sat down next to Em, kissing him. Lindsay returned to the kitchen and she and Gus went off together, leaving the rest to talk at the table.

"Hey, where's Dad?" Brian asked.

"He should be here any minute. He said he had an errand to run," Ronni said.

"Where would he go on New Year's Day early in the morning?" Emmett questioned.

Brian and Justin glanced at each other. Justin said, "I can only guess, but he probably went to see Anna." Brian's childhood had been anything but normal or easy, and it wasn't until the year before when he found out the man who raised him was not his father. His real father, Kevin, had been engaged to his mother's twin sister but his mother had gotten Kevin drunk and had sex with him. When he had realized he had been tricked he told Anna, who couldn't take the truth. She went to a mental institute. Kevin entered the priesthood and Brian was raised by parents that truly wanted nothing to do with him. He had been physically and mentally abused for most of his childhood. When he learned the truth, Justin located Kevin and the rest was history.

"Of course," Blake said. "I should have thought about that. I really like Kevin. The man that has a devotion and commitment I have never seen before. I guess it comes with his profession."

"It is going to be great working with him, even with the issues that are coming up."

"Issues?" Brian questioned.

"He hasn't told you?" 

"Blake, what is going on?

"I have gotten a couple letters in the mail. I am sure they are just nothing. They say they don't want trash in their neighborhood and they threatened to make a lot of noise and get us kicked out. They threw around some politician's name."

"Are you worried?" Brian asked Blake.

"He says he isn't, but I admit I'm not thrilled about it." Blake kissed Ted, and then whispered something to him. Ted smiled. "We'll be back down for lunch. We decided we could use a nap."

"I can always use a nap." Em said laughing.

James smiled, ‘I need to check a few things on the property. Em, would you mind taking Mom home and making sure she puts her feet up for a while?"

Emmett kissed James, "I'll start the car so it warms up." He turned to Ronni, "I'll come back in and when the car's warm, we'll walk out together."

"Don't start treating me like an invalid, Emmett. I might be eight months pregnant, but I still could take you over my knee." Ronni scowled at him.

"You're my mother-in-law. I don't play games like that with relatives." He kissed her cheek and walked out the door with James.  

Ronni smiled now that they had left. "I love my boys." She ran her hand over her belly. "And I love this little one. I can't wait until I am her Grand and not her host."

"Either way, that is one lucky little girl. She is so loved already." Justin said. "And I must admit I think it is great that Jessi will have a playmate on the compound. When is Dante going to be back in town?"

"In a couple days. He hated leaving, and if I was less pregnant I would have gone with him, but the doctor said absolutely not."

"Well, you have plenty of people watching out for you here, even if we aren't your husband. Your room is available here if you don't want to stay alone at night."

"Don't worry about her, boys. She is staying at our house until Dante arrives," Emmett said as he walked in. "Your chariot awaits, mi lady." 

 

Soon Brian and Justin were alone in the family room with Jessi asleep in a bassinet nearby. Charly and Connor went to pick up Shadow, so Brian and Justin had ordered a variety of Chinese and Kevin volunteered to pick it up on his way home and would be there in about half an hour.

"Brian, did you honestly not know about the threats Blake mentioned?"

"Early on I had heard a couple things, but I hadn't heard anything since we got the permits. I figured the troublemakers had found someone else to torment."  Brian noticed Justin shiver. "You alright?"

"I just think about my bashing. I don't want that to happen to anyone else." Justin rested against Brian as he held him tightly.

"I'll check into it. Maybe we will hire security.  Carl may know a group of guys that would like to make some extra money. Don't worry. If I think any of this is a real threat... You know James might even be interested. He is going to start working at Kinnetik as soon as I get a security group hired here. Since your dad has backed off, we don't need anyone full time. And I have hired a maintenance crew to do small repairs and snow removal. This summer they will do the landscaping."

"You do know I could take care of some of that stuff for you. We are a couple."

Brian bent his head and kissed him, "Oh, Sunshine, you already do so much. You keep track of three kids and their schedules. I would never think to take Jessi to a six month check up. I wouldn't remember that Gus needs something special for school."

"Just promise you will ask if there is something I can do." Justin pulled Brian's head down to meet his lips as he started reclining, taking Brian with him. As Brian stretched out on top of him he heard the door open. He looked over the back of the sectional, "Oh hey, Dad." Brian kissed Justin and stood up. "How was your visit with Anna?"

"How did you know... it was very nice. She was actually quite lucid today. The medication they have her on now seems to be working better." 

"I need to get there again. I know they have the art program running smoothly and they don't need me but I still enjoy visiting with her."

"Today she asked about Catherine. I wish your mother would go see her." Kevin said soberly.  Anna was the only thing that seemed to lower his positive spirit.

"Dad, you know what Joan's like."

"Yes, and it is probably best if she doesn't go see Anna. Anna may shatter and never return to us."

Justin got up and lifted Jessi out of her bed. He walked over without a word and handed the still sleeping baby into her grandpa's arms. Justin dropped a kiss on Kevin's cheek as he lifted the baby to his shoulder. "Thank you, Justin. How can I stay down when I have this blessing in my arms?"

Brian put his arms around his husband. Softly he said, "You always know what people need."

Justin's hand brushed Brian's fly, "Hang in there, darling. I promise later." Together they put the food out on the counter and texted Ted and Blake that lunch was ready. By the time they came down, along with Lindsay, Gus, and Aaron, Kevin's spirits were back to normal.

It was an enjoyable lunch, and when Ted, Blake, Kevin, and Brian went to talk business, Justin went to put the two little ones down for naps while Lindsay borrowed a car and drove Gus into town to see Michael and Ben, who knew someone who was trying to sublet an apartment.

While Justin was upstairs, Brian organized the meeting, "Blake how threatening were the messages? Did they come in phone messages or letters?"

"Mostly letters, but I have gotten a couple phone messages."

"Not at home, did you?" Brian looked at Ted.

"No, Brian, they have been at the office. I would have called if I felt a threat to my family." Ted pulled him close and kissed him.

By the time Justin had the kids down and he joined the others, they were in full business mode. Everyone was excited about the progress, and after they finished the business, Blake and Ted left. Brian and Justin talked to Kevin about his new house. Joan had moved to a retirement apartment that Brian was paying for. She had ended up living with them after a stroke, and Brian refused to ever have that happen again. If her health declined, she would be able to stay where she was.

"Boys, you know that house is fine the way it is," Kevin smiled at Brian and Justin. "I have never needed anything fancy." 

"It is at least 30 years out of date. It is probably a hazard somewhere." They all heard Aaron on the monitor. "I'll get him."

 

Once Brian was out of the room, Justin put an arm around Kevin, "Dad, if you want Brian to visit, it will need to be changed."

"I thought of that. Do you think he will be able to make peace with me living there? It was his idea in the first place."

"He doesn't realize how hard this will be yet. I think I know him well and I think he is going to have a melt down and then move on."

Kevin hugged Justin. "My son is so fortunate to have you in his life."

"Well, if it wasn't for him, everyone might still think I'm dead or I might really be dead."

"I am so glad my son is as stubborn as he is."

"Papa!" Aaron called out when he saw Kevin. 

Kevin reached out and took his grandson. "Did you have a nice nap?" Aaron nodded.

"Did Daddy change you?" Justin asked.

He shook his head. "Jessi cry."

"Then I better get you changed." Justin started to reach for Aaron.

"I've got this," Kevin responded, walking away.

 

The next couple of days they returned to a normal schedule. Kevin was on the phone with Tom almost daily. Tom Butterfield had been a priest, but when he fell in love with Nathan he started rethinking his life. He had been a bad priest. He often had gone out to find a lover for a night, but as he got older he knew he needed more in his life. Nate had just arrived from Mississippi and was transitioning to a woman and that was when Tom realized it wasn't the sex of a man he needed. He needed someone to love him as he was and that was what Nathan, now Natalia needed too.  

Tom and Natalia moved to Atlanta to take over Kevin's shelter there and Kevin moved to Pittsburgh to start a similar place closer to his family, although it meant leaving his ‘girls', Sally and Brandy, behind. They had both wandered into his life when they were teenagers who had been forced to leave their homes due to their sexuality. They grew to be best friends and then lovers in the safety of Kevin's shelter. They were now expecting another grandchild for him.  

At least he knew they would be family for Tom and Nat now, and Tom and Nat would always be there for them. He also planned to go down at least quarterly so he wouldn't lose touch with any of them.

Kevin was enjoying working with Blake. He was young and he had been through a lot. He was a perfect therapist for a place like this. He understood the lifestyle and he understood the emptiness they felt after leaving home for one reason or another. This center was to help teens and young adults find their path to a fulfilling life with the support they needed to navigate their way through.

Brian had been spending his lunch hours there to keep up on the progress, but on Friday they met at Brian's childhood home. Justin picked up sandwiches for them and met them there at 12:30. The contractor was meeting them at 1:00 so they ate and chatted about what tasks they would complete next week at the Legacy Center. The Center wouldn't be available for people to stay yet because they needed a couple more inspections, but the office would be open and Kevin would be out and about to find the places these kids were spending time at now. 

"Oh, I know I promised you I would let you know about this, but I don't want you to worry."

"Dad?" Brian looked at his father.

"We had another letter. We have turned them all into the police, but if I had to make a prediction, this person is a family member of one of our prospective guests."

"What did the police say?"

"They agreed with me and they are looking in their records for anyone that may have caused trouble in the past. No one jumps out at them so they think whoever it is, they are probably harmless and are just trying to gain support to make them feel better about how they feel."

"Brian, if the police are aware and not worried, I think you can relax a little, and besides, Carl is hiring you a crew." Justin kissed Brian's cheek. They heard a knock.

"I'll get the door. You two just kiss." Kevin walked out of the room.  

When Brian and Justin separated Justin saw one of the hottest men he'd ever seen standing there next to Kevin. "Hey!" he stuttered. 

"Oh hey, Jeff." Brian stood and walked over to the man and shook his hand. "Sunshine, this is Jeff. He is the contractor I told you about." Justin walked over and shook his hand. Before he could say anything, Brian took Jeff to the counter where he spread out some drawings. Justin and Kevin walked over and looked at the plans from the other side. 

After Jeff had reviewed the plans, Brian directed him to the electrical box. When he came back he said, "Is there a smaller box somewhere else? I am thinking there is one upstairs maybe?"

"Oh, ya, I forgot. I'll take you up." 

Justin looked at Kevin, "He doesn't go upstairs."

They heard Jeff and Brian talking and then Jeff came downstairs. "Nice meeting you, guys.  I have to get to another meeting." And he was gone. 

Justin and Kevin heard Brian move around upstairs and then it went silent. Justin and Kevin talked about a couple of the changes that were going to be made but Justin kept looking at the stairs. "Go check on him. He has had time alone. Now he needs you."

"You are better trained..."

"No, no one knows him better than you." Kevin gave Justin a hug. "Go on. I'm going to head back to Legacy. Let me know everything's alright, ok?"

"I will, Dad." Justin turned and moved silently up the steps. Justin had only been up there once before when Gus was little and ran up the stairs. He had quickly retrieved him and hadn't taken time to look around, knowing Joan didn't like anyone out of her sight in her house. But now he slowly worked his way down the hall. He first went to the room he knew had been Brian's, but was surprised he wasn't in there. He opened another door that he knew had to be Claire's old space.

After passing the bathroom, he moved to the opposite end of the hall and slowly pushed the door open and stepped in. Brian stood near the window and stared at the bed which his mother had left. He didn't even hear Justin enter. Justin could tell he was miles, no years, away.

"Brian," Justin spoke quietly as he stepped toward him. "Are you alright, darling?"

Brian moved enough that Justin was sure he knew he wasn't alone. Justin slipped his arms around Brian's abdomen. "Babe, talk to me."

Brian's hands moved up to grasp Justin's, "I've never slept on that bed. Never was I allowed to crawl into bed with my parents if it was storming out or if I had a bad dream. I was about four the first and only time I rushed in here. I have a feeling Jack had just gotten in bed after a night of drinking and I don't remember but I think they were going to screw. He just hollered at Joan to get her bastard out of the room."                                                                      

"Oh, Brian..."

"It just came back to me and finally made sense."

Justin turned Brian around and wrapped his arms around him, "What happened after that?"  Justin knew he needed to get it out.

Brian stepped away from him, "She pushed me back to my room and told me I was never again to step foot into this room. I hadn't been in here in over 25 years."

Justin removed his clothes as Brian stared out the window. "Brian, how much would they hate for you to have sex in their bed?"

Brian turned around when he heard the bed squeak. He found Justin laying naked on the bed. "They would hate it!" He smiled and started undressing. "Jack, I hope you're watching because this is what loving someone is really like!" Brian lay beside Justin and began to kiss him and soon they forgot where they were. Justin flipped him and straddled Brian just wanting to taste more of him. Justin's mouth was everywhere, and then Brian pushed him onto his back, and this time Brian was rough as he moved one of Justin's legs to the side and put the other one over his shoulder. Without any preparation he entered Justin in one hard, fast thrust. Justin cried out but locked eyes with Brian, and as he moved faster and faster Justin hung on until he saw on Brian's face he was going to cum, and so they did as one.

Brian dropped to the side and pulled Justin close. "I didn't hurt you too much did I?"

"Brian, you would never hurt me if you didn't think it would bring me pleasure. You are what love should be for everyone. How you ever learned to give the way you do with parents like them..."

"I love you, Justin. I am so thankful our kids will never have to question if they are loved. They have a whole group of people that will always love them."

"You know, you have your father's heart. You are the perfect example of nature, not nurture."

"I am so much better without them than with them."

"I don't know about you, but I think we just claimed ownership of this place." Justin said as he got up. "I have to get back to the house. If Charly wasn't willing to help out, we would have to hire more help. Connor has to do something so I told him I'd be back by 3:00. With Ronni out of the rotation now, I have to cover more hours."

"Isn't Lindz helping?"

"She will watch Gus, but he doesn't want to hang out with her very long because she is always focused on getting a job, getting her apartment set up. Gus just wants her to pay attention to him, not be ignored."

They walked downstairs together and stood at the door. "I promise to be home early. I am not going back to Kinnetik. I'm going to head to Legacy and check with Carl to see if he has a crew for me. I will be home by 5:00 at the latest."

Justin kissed him, "I love you, Brian Kinney. And you know what? I hope Jack watched everything we just did. He never learned to love like we do."

Brian pulled him close, "I love you, Sunshine. You always know exactly what to say and do."

"Well, anytime you need someone to make love with, I'm ready." 

"How the hell did I get so lucky?" Brian mumbled as he walked to his car.

 

Justin made it home in time for Connor to get to his appointment on time. Charly was in the kitchen while Shadow, her 12 year old daughter, played with Aaron, and Justin had a little snuggle time with his daughter. Jessi loved being with her daddy. She was always a happy child, but when she was with her daddies she was the happiest. 

"Justin, did you know my mom and Connor are boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"I may have heard that." He smiled at her.

"Mom thought I'd be mad, but why would I be mad? I like Connor. He's fun and he is always nice. He takes care of me and Mom. I told her she better not screw this up." 

"Oh, Shadow, you are right. Connor is very nice and so is your mom, but even two nice people sometimes just don't have what a couple needs, but if they do, life can't get better."

"Like you and Brian?"

"I know how lucky I am to have found him."

"I hope that Mom and Connor feel that way, too."

"Charly, I'm afraid the three of you are going to get crowded if Connor ends up moving in there. I will mention it to Brian. At one time we had discussed expanding the pool house. Maybe now is the time to do that."

"Justin, you don't need to do that. Connor and I took a walk the other day and noticed an old barn behind the back line of trees."

"Isn't that a great building? I thought about making that into an art studio but with the kids being young it made more sense for me to be above the garage. We did have it checked out and it is structurally sound."

"We were surprised how sturdy it was. Connor and I both like places with character. We found out both of us have helped remodel places and enjoy it.  Do you think you and Brian would let us work on it? As we can afford it we would like to...."

"I don't think Brian will mind at all and we will provide the supplies. We have an account at one of the home stores. We will add the two of you to the list of those who can sign for supplies. I love this idea. It is just a great building that could be used for so many things." Justin thought to himself, and when they move on, I can use it for my studio.

 

Brian had arrived at Legacy and saw Carl walking toward him. "Hey, Carl, thanks for stopping by."

"Well, since Debbie and I retired, I have been looking for something to do."

"I don't know how you two can say you're retired. You are setting up my security and Debbie is going to run the kitchen here."

"You know Debbie doesn't do well sitting at home. She loves the idea of being here for breakfast and lunch, and then she will have everything available for dinner. And I'd just get myself into trouble staying home all the time.  Once things start running smoothly she should be able to leave by 1:00 most days. And I'm just going to do the scheduling and fill in if one of the guys can't make it."

"Carl, the officers that have been hired, they know what this place is, right? I don't want to find out the officers working here are causing some of the issues."

"Brian, I looked at their records and spoke to their fellow officers. I turned away a few of them because they had something in their backgrounds. Hell, I wouldn't hire me if I looked at my record."

"Carl, you changed.  You expanded your knowledge."

"I admit that. After learning Justin's story and then finally opening my mind, I realized how wrong I had been. Hell, I've been trying to make up for my attitude ever since."

Brian put a hand on Carl's shoulder, "Carl, you are one of the good guys. When are they going to start their shifts?"

"After I saw the letters, I have overnight starting tomorrow. As soon as all permits are passed I will start round the clock."

"Carl, should we be concerned about the threats?"

"You should always take threats seriously, but the letters they have received here seem fairly benign. I have turned the letters over to a friend at the force, so if anything happens here they are already aware of the threat."

"Thanks, Carl. That makes me feel better. You head on home to Debbie. I am just going to stop at Dad's office before heading to Britin."

"Your dad is something special."

"Ya, he is." He waved at his father who had just stepped out of the building. I'm hoping I can talk him into coming home with me. Thanks again, Carl." The two men shook hands and Brian jogged toward his father.

"Brian," Kevin opened his arms and Brian wrapped his arms around his father. "I knew you were in good arms when I left but I was worried about you."                        

"I'm good. I didn't really think I would have that reaction until I got there."

"What was it?" Kevin led Brian into the building where it was warm and they sat down. 

"The bedroom. I wasn't allowed in there. Jack threw me out of there when I was around five and he called me a bastard. I hadn't thought of that for years. He told me at five I wasn't his."

"Oh, son, if I had known any of that, I would have come for you." Kevin's voice cracked.

"I believe you, Dad. And you are right, you left me in the right arms. I am ready for the remodel and can then visit you in your new home."

"Brian, you will always be welcome anywhere in my home."

Brian swallowed hard, "Dad, I love you."

"Brian, I love you with all my heart."

"Are you coming home soon? If you like you could come home with me. The van can stay here and on Monday we can ride in together."

"Give me ten minutes and I'll be ready."

"I am going to look around. Yell when you're ready."    

 

A half hour later, Kevin and Brian walked into the family room, each having a boy rush to them as Jessi squealed from Lindsay's lap. 

"What a welcome!" Kevin lifted Aaron high in the air and then kissed and hugged the toddler.

"Daddy J said you were coming home early. I'm so glad."

"Where is Daddy J?"

"He had to go to his studio for something so Mommy stayed with us."

"And Charly?"

"She is in the laundry room." Gus said as Brian set him down and took Aaron from his dad and then Kevin picked up Gus and gave him a hug and kiss. "Hi Grandpa." Gus said, smiling at Kevin.

Brian set Aaron down with his toys and then walked to Lindz. "Come here, sweetheart. Daddy needs a hug from you, too." Jessi gave him a sloppy kiss. "How'd the apartment hunt go, Lindz?"

"Ready to kick me out, Bri?" Lindsay sounded a little hostile when she said it.       

Brian gave her a look and she smiled a little, "I just know Ben and Michael had a good lead."

"The apartment is actually really nice. It is perfect for Gus and me but I need to make sure I have my job before I sublease the place for a year."

Brian responded, "I'll co-sign it." Brian said bluntly and walked into the kitchen as Charly came out of the laundry. Brian poured himself a drink.

"Is everything okay, Brian?"

Softly he said, "Have you heard Lindsay say anything about Gus moving with her?"

"She said something to Gus but he insisted he lived here."

Brian drained his glass. "Thanks. Dinner?"

Charly glanced at the clock. "You have an hour."

"Dad," Brian looked at Kevin. "Do you mind staying with the kids? I want to go talk to Sunshine."

"Sure, no problem. Lindsay and I can get to know each other a little better."

 

Justin was standing by an easel and canvas. Brian wrapped his arms around him from behind. "You're home." Justin said with his paintbrush still moving.    

"I left the kids with Charly and Dad. Justin..."

Justin started talking at the same time, "Brian, she is trying to take him and I don't care what happens, he is staying here." Justin's face wavered a little. I don't want to cause trouble but she can't stay if she talks like that."

"Sunshine, I told her I would co-sign the lease on her apartment." 

"The papers have been filed with the court, right?"

"Yes, they are in the hands of the judge. I just don't want her to know that yet. I want the lease to be signed and her on the way out and then they will serve her."

"What about Gus? I don't want him hurt. We don't want him hurt."

"So we just need to get Lindz to realize it will hurt him."

 

The evening went peacefully. It was Friday night and Connor had the day off, but he would be up to take care of the kids in the morning, so Brian and Justin stayed up talking to Kevin a little bit late and they got into bed around 11:00. Justin rested his head on Brian's shoulder. "I just remembered, I talked with Charly today and she asked about fixing up the old barn. Connor likes to remodel. I didn't think you'd care."

"I think that is a great idea. Their relationship is out? Shadow knows?"

"Yes, and she is so happy about it. She loves Connor and knows he is a good guy." Justin kissed him. "Speaking of good guys," Justin stretched up against Brian and deepened the kiss.  As Brian rolled over onto Justin there was a knock on the door and Kevin popped his head in.

"Sorry to disturb you but I wanted the two of you to know I have to head to Legacy. There was another threat."

Brian sat up and swung his legs so he could stand up. 

"No, son, just stay here. Nothing happened. The officer saw someone but they ran away. They just want me to make sure that nothing was damaged or taken."

"Are you sure, Dad?" Kevin nodded. "Call me as soon as you know anything."

"I will, Brian."

 

Kevin pulled up in front of Legacy. There was a fire truck and police car parked in front of the building. "No," he said softly under his breath. "Please, Lord, no."

 

Chapter 2 by Simply written

 

As Kevin moved toward the building, he saw smoke filling the air around the Center. He broke out into a jog, moving toward Carl who was talking to a fireman.  

"Here is the director," Carl said as Kevin moved forward. It was a very cold night and he drove his hands deep in his pockets when he stopped moving.

"How bad is it, Carl?" Kevin realized he was being rude. "I'm sorry, sir. I'm Kevin Cain. I will be the director here."

"I'm the fire chief. Just call me Don."

"How bad is it?"

"You are lucky it was just the rubble pile behind the building. You may have a bit of smoke damage but nothing in the building was harmed."

"Was it arson?" Kevin looked over at Carl.

"My guard was expected at 10:00. He found the flames when he arrived."

"Mr. Cain, when we are sure the fire is out we will put a tarp over the scene and be back as soon as the sun is up."

"Did your guy see anything?"

"He saw a figure in the distance but he couldn't see if it was male or female. It could have been just someone out for a walk, but he got the feeling whoever it was, was trying to see his own handiwork."

"The police stopped by and are checking local cameras."

"I didn't expect this to go smoothly but I hadn't thought it would come to vandalism."

"Mr. Cain, I know there have been some petitions to not allow this center, but I think it is a great thing. We have needed a place like this for a few years. I know there was a bashing at a school dance and then a murder back, maybe, three years."

"The bashing was my son-in-law. We are thankful he is here to raise his three kids. I can't imagine my son without him."

"My son was in school with Justin," the fireman said before continuing. "My son said Justin was a really nice guy. He said he was smart and would stand up for what he believed in."

Kevin smiled, "That sounds like him. He is a wonderful man."

"I just want you to know that I, for one, plan to keep this on my path in the evenings to help keep an eye on the place. I have a few other guys that are going to do the same." The captain said as another firefighter walked up. Kevin couldn't hear them but when Don came back he said, "They are sure the fire is completely out. I will contact you in a couple days when I have something to tell you."

"Thank you, Don. I appreciate your kind words and the job you did here."

"Kevin, I will have the officers start at 8:00 instead."

"Carl, this isn't your fault. I believe in this project and I know it will succeed. I'm just thankful that the guard caught it so fast. Now I need to get back. I have a feeling my boys are waiting up."

"I am sure you will be glad when you can move just down the street."

"Oh yes, but I will miss all the life at Britin. I love those grandkids." Carl and Kevin shook hands and then both went to warm cars and headed home.

 

Brian and Justin lay in bed talking part of the time and dozing in between. "What could have happened?" Brian said as his head rested on Justin's chest as his fingers moved up and down along the treasure trail stopping when his fingers twirled around a few pubes and then the fingers would go back up. 

"Hopefully he'll arrive back soon."

"Sunshine, do you believe what he said about something small?"  Brian's phone rang and he grabbed it, "Dad?"

"Yes, Brian, I knew you wouldn't rest until I called. I am on my way back. You two sleep. I will talk to you in the morning."

"Ok, drive safe." Brian laid his head back on Justin and this time when his hand moved downward it didn't stop. He began to gently stroke Justin's cock.

"He didn't say anything?" 

"Just that he would talk to us in the morning." Brian began to kiss his way down Justin's body.

"Didn't I hear Kevin say we should sleep?"

"Love now. Sleep later." As Brian's mouth closed around Justin's erection, Justin arched to meet him.

 

By the time Kevin came down the next morning Brian and Justin were at the table with the three children and Lindsay, while Shadow sat on the sofa watching TV. Charly had made breakfast and kept some warm for Kevin.  

"Oh, guys," Charly said as Kevin accepted a plate from her. "Ronni will not be in today. Shadow has offered to play with Aaron and Jessi if it would help. I don't think Ronni will be back up here much."

Brian smiled at his dad. "We are getting a list of possible hires on Monday. We know we need someone to help while Ronni is out and I would guess it will be the end of March before she's back so basically we need someone for 3 months."

Connor walked in from the pool house. "Sorry, I know I'm late. I lost track of time. Come here Miss Jessi," he said as he scooped the little girl up. "Hey, Shadow, can you bring Aaron up to the playroom?"

"Come here, Aaron. Let's go play!" she said as he slipped off his chair and took Shadow's hand.

"Dow, we play?"

"Yes, Love. We are." 

"I'm coming, too." Gus said as he left Lindsay's side.

Brian stared at Lindsay. "Fine, I'll go to my room. I feel like a child," she mumbled.

"Maybe that's because you live in someone else's house and they pay for everything," Brian said bluntly. Lindsay left the room quickly.

"Brian, wasn't that a little harsh. It's only been a week." Justin reached across the space between them and took his hand.

"I don't want her to get comfortable. She needs a place by the time the papers come back. Now, Dad, what happened last night? Is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine but it could have been really bad. Someone started the garbage bin on fire. Fortunately, Carl's security arrived just as the guy ran off. Carl had him start early, remember? I laid awake all night and I think it has to be someone who knew that schedule but didn't know the time changed."

"Where would he have seen the schedule?" Justin asked.

"I need to talk to Carl and find out where he has it posted or who has access to it." Kevin had gotten up to pace. "You know how much this means to me, but more importantly, to the kids that need Legacy."

Justin looked at Brian, "Are we up to a visit from Debbie?" He smiled at his husband. "Why don't I call and see if Carl and Debbie want to come for dinner. Debbie would love to see the kids and you can talk to Carl."

"That's a good idea. I'll let Charly know there will be a couple extra for dinner," Justin left Brian and Kevin as he went to find Charly.

"Dad, is the place really still in good shape?"

"I am going to go into the city and look it over in a little while."

"I'm going to go with you and we can see if Gus wants to come along." Brian started to stand up.

"Son, I know you are pushing Lindsay on purpose, and I understand that, but remember she is Gus' mother, and you can't do anything that would interrupt their relationship. You know I agree Gus should stay here, but you don't want Gus to have hard feelings toward his mother. You know what that feels like."

Brian sat silent for a minute. "Thanks for that. I might need a reminder now and then because right now I am not thinking kindly."

"Brian, your son loves you with all his heart, but he has enough love for her, too."

Kevin walked over and hugged Brian, "You are an amazing father. You want what is best for your son. You got this." Kevin looked at the clock, "Can we leave in 15 minutes?"

"Ya, I'll meet you here. I will go see if Gus wants to come. It is totally his option."

"Love you, Brian."

"I love you, too, Dad."

Gus had ended up in Lindsay's room. Brian knocked on the door and stuck his head in, "Gus, Grandpa and I are going into the city for a little while. Daddy J will be here and we won't be gone too long."

"Daddy, can I go along?" Gus asked as he ran up to Brian, who picked him up and gave him a kiss.

"It looks like you are having fun with your mom right now. Plus Grandpa and I are going to do some boring stuff but how about the three of us planning something tomorrow that is much more fun."

"Ok, Daddy!"

Brian gave him one more big hug and set him back down. "See you later, Gus."

Lindsay watched Brian leave and wondered what he was up to. She texted him, ‘what do you want from me?'

Brian saw the message as he walked down the hall toward Justin's voice. He was singing something. He messaged back, ‘Find a new place to live, soon.'

‘I will be out next week, along with Gus.'

"Sunshine? Where are you?"

"I'm in the office." 

Brian walked in and saw Justin sitting behind the desk. "What are you doing?"

"I had a couple things to do with a piece of artwork and then I started looking through the possible new hires. I will check my top few."

"Great. I was just going to tell you Dad and I are heading into Legacy. We should be back in two hours or so. Are Debbie and Carl coming?"

"Would Debbie pass up a chance to hold the kids? They will be here around 6:00."  

Brian walked over and Justin stood up, slipping his arms around Brian's waist and looked up at him as Brian lowered his mouth. After they had kissed for several moments, Brian stepped back. "Love you. Hold down the fort."

"Only if you promise to hold me down later." Justin laughed as Brian adjusted his crotch and walked out the door.

 

After Brian and Kevin went into town, Lindsay found Justin in the office. "Hey, Lindz, did you need to use the office for something? I have finished what I was doing."

Lindsay walked in and dropped into the empty chair across the desk. "What is Brian's problem?"

"What do you mean? Are you talking about the incident at Legacy last night?"

"No, I didn't even know something happened there. What is his problem with me? Gus and I will be out of here in the next couple weeks."

Justin looked up and met her eyes. "You don't even get it when you say it, do you?"

"Say what? All I said was we would be out of here soon."

"Lindsay, there is no we." Justin stood up. "Gus is staying here."

"No, he isn't! I have custody of my son."

"Actually, no you don't. You left him with us for a year. He is not living with anyone but us. He has a brother and a sister that he loves. He has a grandfather here and two parents. What do you have Lindsay?"

"Justin! I would expect this of Brian but not you. You know I love my son."

Justin took a deep breath and sat down, "Lindsay, I know you love Gus, but he just doesn't belong with you anymore. You can have visitation. You can set up a weekend to go to your parents, but his main residence is here."

Now Lindsay stood up. We will see about this after I talk to my lawyer on Monday!"

"Lindsay, Brian and I agreed that Gus should not feel hostility between us. If you can't do that, you know Brian won't hold back."

Without a word, Lindsay walked out the door. Damn, Justin thought, he had to let Brian know this had happened. What if she tried to leave with Gus? He picked up his phone and called James. He gave him a rundown of what had happened and he assured Justin he was nearby if he needed him to come to the house. Then Justin called Brian.

 

Brian and Kevin had arrived at Legacy and were glad to see that the building itself really had not been damaged. A fire investigator was there and said he verified it was arson and a case had been open with the police. He gave him the business card of the police officer in charge and then he left.  

"I want to go in and make sure there isn't an odor inside."

"That's a good idea." Brian's phone rang. "It's Justin. I'll come in when I'm done." Kevin walked toward the building.  "Hey, Sunshine."

"Brian, I fucked up. Lindsay came to talk to me and before I realized it I had told her about the papers and that she couldn't take Gus and..."

"Justin, it isn't what we planned but it is not a big deal. She was going to find out in a couple of days."

"I know, but how are we going to remain civilized with her if she starts fighting us? Well, Carl and Debbie will be here tonight which will help." Justin took a deep breath. "I don't think Lindsay has anywhere to go and you and I know that Gus will not go quietly."

"No, he wouldn't. Sunshine, everything is good here and we should be back home in an hour. Do we need anything for dinner? I told Charly I could pick up anything she needed."

"I'll have Charly message the list."

"Justin, I love you. Don't worry."

"I love you, too. See you soon." Justin told Charly to message Brian and he went to play with his kids.

 

Brian was just moving toward the door when Kevin emerged. "Everything is fine in there. There was just a faint scent of smoke near the one window."

"Dad, I'm worried. Maybe I should hire round the clock security."

"No, the kids aren't going to feel comfortable if there are uniforms around all the time. We need to figure this out."

"Well, let's head home. Maybe with Carl we will be able to figure out what to do next."

"Was Justin calling with a grocery list?"

"I'll tell you about it while we are shopping."

As they picked up a few requested groceries, Brian told Kevin what happened between Justin and Lindsay. "What do you think is the best way to handle this?"

"The only thing important here is what is best for Gus, and I agree that right now he shouldn't be ripped from the family he lived with for the last year. Would you like me to talk to Lindsay?"

"If she comes to you or if you just feel the time is right, go for it. I don't think you will get a warm welcome. I love Lindz, but she often is a bit selfish. She can be short sighted."

"Well, I will see if an opportunity presents itself."

"Dad, have I told you how glad I am that you are here? You just always seem to know how to make me feel better."

"Oh, son, I wouldn't be anywhere else." Kevin commented as Brian checked out, and after loading groceries into the back they drove the remainder of the way home.

 

Justin was waiting nervously with Jessi in his arms and Aaron playing nearby. After Kevin and Brian set down the groceries, Kevin lifted his granddaughter out of Justin's arms.  "Come to grandpa, sweet girl, and we can go play with your brother."

Brian slipped an arm around Justin's waist and guided him toward the living room. Justin put his arms around Brian and laid his head on his chest. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have told her. If I would have just walked away."

Brian kissed him, "This was going to happen. Why are you so ... You have a headache, don't you?"

"I've taken my medicine."

"Have you had any of Ronni's tea?" When Ronni had arrived, she had an herbal tea that helped Justin's headaches.  

"It's gone and I am not going to ask her to make more. When she feels better she can mix up some more."

"Go to our room, crack the window and smoke a joint. Then take a nap. I'll get you before Debbie and Carl arrive."

"You can't let Debbie know."

"Of course, I won't." Brian led him to the stairs and walked up them with Justin, hand in hand.  Brian opened the window just a little and lit a joint. He took a long drag and then pointed to the bed. Justin sat down and Brian passed the smoke to him. "Now finish that and sleep. I'll wake you in an hour and a half." Brian leaned down and kissed him. "Maybe it is time for another appointment at the neurologist." Justin took a long drag on the roach as Brian shut the door.

Brian walked into the family room where Kevin sat with his two youngest grandchildren reading a story.  He looked at Brian, "Everything alright?"

"Sunshine has one of his headaches. He'll be fine." Brian tried to sound confident.

"Brian?"

"He seemed to have it under control but lately he has been having more bad days, even when he tries to hide it from me."

"What does the doctor say about it?"

"Last time he went the doctor said everything was stable but when I read all his notes it did say that scar tissue was still always a concern." Brian picked Jessi up from Kevin's lap and snuggled her close as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Has Justin had any of his magic tea?"

"It's gone and Ronni isn't coming up to the house any time soon."

"Can we bring the supplies to her?"

"Damn, I didn't think about that."

"You play with your kids. Let me check into this."

"Thanks, Dad. You know, since you moved here I don't seem to be able to think on my own."

"Brian, that isn't true, but I hope you feel you can share things with me and want my opinion.  That is what most kids do all their lives." Kevin stood and handed Aaron to Brian, too. "We are all blessed in this house." And with that, Kevin walked away.

 

Kevin called Emmett, knowing he was going to be with his mother-in-law. "Kevin, what can I do for you?" Emmett answered. Kevin explained Justin's tea was gone and asked him if he brought Ronni the ingredients, could she mix up a batch. "I am sure she can if we have it all. I will text you the list. Is Justin having a lot of pain?"

"I think it is under control at the moment."

"I'll get back to you soon."

Five minutes later Kevin got a call from Ronni, "Kevin, it will be easier if I tell you where everything is." Ronni said politely but with no pleasantries. Five minutes later Kevin had a bag full of containers and was heading out the door.

"Come in, Kevin!" Emmett gave him a hug as he escorted him into Ronni's house. 

Kevin looked around. "This house is great." He noticed Ronni on the sofa. "Ronni, thank you for your help. I hope this isn't too much..."

Ronni scoffed, "I don't know why those men didn't just call."

"They are a little overwhelmed at the moment with Lindsay at the house."

"That woman is causing trouble, is she?"

"I don't know if I would say that, but they do have things to work out." As they talked, Ronni was combining the ingredients. "It is difficult for all of them. Lindsay back and wanting to be a mother but Gus now feeling secure with his two dads. There is room for all of them but they need to find their roles."

"I'm glad you are here to help them through this." Ronni said as she sealed a zip lock bag. "I will keep the supplies. I need to order some of the ingredients but make sure they let me know if they run low. I will make sure I have another full batch put together before this little one," she rested her hand on her extended belly, "makes an appearance."

"I will let them know. I will probably be moving out by the end of the month and Lindsay is leaving next week."

"That will be good. She adds stress and that is the last thing Justin needs."

Kevin chatted for just a few minutes and then excused himself. "Debbie and Carl are going to be here soon. Carl is helping with security for Legacy, and Debbie is going to be in charge of the kitchen there."

"Thanks for the visit, Kevin. I know you don't have a lot of time but you are welcome to stop by anytime. Please, tell Justin and Brian to bring those babies to visit."

"They won't forget you, Ronni. You are part of the family." Kevin touched her shoulder and moved toward the door. "Thank you for this. Justin will be thankful." Kevin waved at Emmett in the kitchen and left.

 

Once Kevin was back, Brian made Justin some tea and, leaving the kids with Kevin, he went upstairs. Lindsay and Gus were also in the family room with Kevin and the little ones, not to mention Charly and Connor were in the kitchen. Brian walked into the darkened bedroom. He turned the light on the nightstand. "Hey, Sunshine, it is time to wake up." Justin turned onto his back and slowly sat up. "How is your headache?"

"It is better. Well, some better. I still have a buzz so it has dulled everything." 

"Dad went to Ronni and she mixed up a new batch of tea so sip this and then come down for dinner." But instead of walking away, Brian sat on the edge of the bed. He set the tea in easy reach of Justin and then brushed his lips against his. "I'm worried about you."

"Brian, I'll be fine. It is just the stress."

"I still want you to go to see the neurologist."

"I will, but you know it could be weeks..."

"No, Sunshine, you will get an appointment and if they don't give you one soon, I will call them."

Justin sipped his tea. "Slow down. I'll call Monday. I think they will get me in. I'll manage to get in there." He took another swallow. "But I am feeling much better. I better get freshened up for dinner." He set the now empty mug down and kissed Brian once more. "I know you love me but stop worrying."

"I'm not worrying for me," Brian lied. "It's our kids." He put his large hand behind Justin's head and instinctively put his thumb on the scar not visible under Justin's hair. "I love you," he said softly and kissed him before standing up and walking out of the room.

 

By the time Debbie and Carl arrived Justin was feeding Jessi and Aaron and looking much better. "Oh, let me at those babies!" Debbie came directly from the front door to the kids. She first gave Gus a big hug and then sat next to Aaron and started talking to him.

"I'm glad it worked for you to come out," Brian said, shaking Carl's hand. "I think we have at least a half hour before our dinner will be ready. How about we get business out of the way and then we can enjoy the meal."

"That sounds perfect. I do have some news about last night..." Carl's voice drifted off as Brian, Kevin and Carl moved to the living room for some privacy.

"Was it a bad one?" Debbie asked Justin as she picked up Jessi.

"What?" he asked.

"Your headache. You can't fool me. I can always tell when you've had one."

Justin smiled at the older woman, "I've had much worse and it is gone now." 

"You know all this stress," she looked at Lindsay, "isn't good for you."

"Debbie, Lindsay is not the source of my stress. Ronni is out for a few months and these issues with Legacy are adding a lot of issues. I also have been trying to start an online business for young artists and I just don't have time to..."

"And that is why it would be good for me to take Gus. You would have one less child to care for."

"Lindsay, do you really think that would make things easier?" Debbie asked with true caring in her voice. "Gus loves all of you but knowing he is being ripped from the place he has called home for a year would add more stress on this house. You can't really think that Gus wants to leave his siblings?"

"He wouldn't be leaving them. He would come on weekends."

"But he is used to being part of this family, not a visitor."

With some defiance Lindsay said, "They knew I was planning to take him back."

"Lindz, our son is not like lending someone a dress or a pair of shoes." 

Just then Gus came bounding in from the living room. "I heard my name," he said as he came to Justin's side. 

"You did. We were talking about how happy you are that your mom is home," Justin responded quickly.

"I am. I can't wait to visit her at her new apartment. I told all the kids at school that she is back. Some of my friends didn't think you would ever come back but I knew you would."

Lindsay swallowed hard. It was finally sinking in how leaving had impacted Gus. Charly interrupted her thoughts, "Justin, dinner is ready. Would you like me to let Brian..."

"I'll take care of it. Gus, let's go get Daddy."

"Yeah! Daddy dinner is..." Gus was already in the living room and Justin was right behind him.

Debbie kissed Jessi and looked at Lindsay. "Lindz, I know you aren't trying to hurt anyone but Gus had to create a new life for himself. Maybe you need to at least get yourself into a schedule  before you take Gus along. You and the boys don't always see eye to eye but I know all of you want what is best for your boy." Debbie patted Lindsay's shoulder and walked into the kitchen to see what Charly had for them.  

All the men came in laughing at Gus who had just told them a joke. Connor appeared and picked up Aaron, "I'll take these two up for their bath since I know they have eaten."

"Please let me say goodnight before they go to bed," Debbie said.

"After we eat, Debbie, I'll take you up to their rooms so you can see them before you leave." Justin smiled at the loving woman who had a motherly heart.

The dinner was enjoyable but as they ate, Justin got quieter. Brian reached out and put his hand on his thigh. "Your headache coming back?" he asked softly as he kissed his cheek and Justin nodded. Brian caught Charly's eye and nodded to Justin and she immediately started making some tea for him. By the time the meal was finished, Justin was ready to go to bed. 

Justin took Debbie upstairs, along with Gus, so she could say goodnight to the kids and Gus could get ready for bed. After they had tucked the littlest ones in bed and Connor was reading to Gus, Debbie and Justin moved out of the room. "It is time for you to sleep now, Sunshine.  Please, take care of yourself."

"Thanks, Debbie. I'm glad you could come. The kids obviously loved seeing you."

"If you ever need a couple more hands let me know."

"We are interviewing for more help on Monday.  We'll be fine. You are going to be busy enough with your new job. You are going to be so good at that."

"I just want to be able to help." Debbie hugged Justin. "Now go to bed!"

 

Justin had followed Debbie's directions and went straight to bed. He wasn't sure how much time had passed when Brian crawled into bed next to him and draped an arm across Justin's waist and Justin's body pressed against him. "Love you, Bri."

"Oh, Sunshine, I love you, too." 

"I'll be fine. I think the joint might be causing some of this. It was strong shit."

Brian kissed Justin's neck below his ear. Tomorrow is Sunday. The only thing we have to do is take care of the kids and decide which candidates we need to interview."

"Ya, that will be good." Justin's body relaxed and Brian knew he was sleeping.

Sunday was a relaxing day. Lindsay left early, leaving a note that she would be back by dinner and Kevin was also in the city for the day. Justin woke, feeling much better. The sun was bright and although it was chilly it was a nice day for a short walk so late in the morning Brian and Justin bundled the kids up and with the smaller two in a stroller and Gus running ahead they went to visit Ronni. Charly packed up some food and put it in the stroller so they could eat lunch with her. Then Conner and Charly packed up more food and the two of them headed to the barn to make some plans. Shadow decided to stay at the pool house where it was warm and she could watch a movie by herself.

Ronni's husband Dante, met them at the door. "You are just what the doctor ordered. Ronni is having a hard time staying in place today. She is feeling good and wants to move." The next hour all the kids spent time on Ronni's lap or next to her as she read stories and talked to them. Brian and Dante put lunch together while Justin sat near Ronni, helping with the kids. While they ate, they got Ronni's opinion on the nanny they were looking for and then it was time to get the little ones back for a nap and for Ronni to rest herself. 

Once the little ones were down for naps and Gus was building with blocks in front of the fireplace, Justin and Brian lay on the sofa nearby. They had a light blanket over them and Brian's hands wandered over Justin's body. Justin sighed loudly. They had narrowed the list of nannies down to two and Justin would talk to both of them tomorrow. Brian undid Justin's fly and moved his fingers into his briefs. Justin turned and kissed him, "The kids will go to bed early tonight. Gus has school in the morning." Brian's hand began to move along his shaft. "Bri, we need to wait."

Brian pressed his own erection against Justin's pants. "I just missed you last night." 

As Brian's mouth went down onto Justin's neck, Aaron's voice came over the monitor, "Daddies! Connor, Gussy..."

Brian swung his leg over Justin, "I'll go check on him and I'll see if Jessi is stirring while I'm up there."

By the time Brian came down with Jessi in his arms and holding Aaron's hand, Gus and Justin were in the kitchen getting snacks for the little ones. When the kids were eating  treats, Lindsay returned. "Hey, Brian, can I talk to you?"

"Ya, let's go to the office." Brian led the way. Once inside he closed the door. "You were out early this morning."

"I did some thinking yesterday after talking to Justin and then to Debbie. You know I would love to have Gus move in with me but after Justin talked to me and clarified some points and then Debbie and I talked last night, I understand. I didn't mean to be selfish but I was. I want Gus back with me but he has his own life here, and I am just starting over."

"Lindsay, I knew you didn't want to hurt him. All you have to do is call and you know you are welcome. You can take him on weekends. You will always be his mother, one of his mothers."

"I moved a lot of my stuff into my apartment today. Ben and Michael helped with the big stuff.  I have an interview this week that sounds very positive, so hopefully I will have more to offer our son."

"Lindz, you don't need ‘stuff'. You love him and he loves you. That is the most important thing, as long as you don't try to uproot his world. Just talk to us. Let us know what you are planning."

"I will, Brian. You and Justin have been so... Gus is lucky to have you."

"No, we are lucky to have him." Brian walked over and hugged her. "Let's go play with our son and tell him you will be moving out but he can visit with you all the time."

"Brian, before we go out there, is Justin having problems? I mean I know he has headaches but has it gotten worse again?"

"He is going to see the neurologist as soon as he can get in. We won't know anything until then, but I know they were worrying about scar tissue and since the last little while he has had more pain again..."

Lindsay hugged Brian and then kissed him. "If you need any help with Gus or just extra hands with Aaron and Jessi, let me know."

"Thanks, Lindz." As she held him in her arms she couldn't see the fear on Brian's face. He didn't know what he would do if this ended up disabling for Justin, or worse.

 

Chapter 3 by Simply written

 

The next two weeks were a flurry of activity. Kevin and Blake started training their staff. They were spending two weeks setting standards on what they expected from the staff hired. All of their employees had been interviewed thoroughly and they felt sure all of them were a good fit for the kids and young adults they would see regularly.

The remodeling started at Brian's childhood home where Kevin would be moving soon. Kevin wanted to be in the city before they opened so he would be close to the center for emergencies, especially after the fire earlier.  

Lindsay moved into her apartment and had been offered the job she had interviewed for. Gus was very excited that he could see his mom at least once a week but he also seemed happy that his normal life had returned. 

Brian and Justin hired another nanny. Gabbi had just graduated with a BA in early childhood development and she would be entering graduate school in the fall, so she was thrilled to get a job working with children in the meantime. She only lived a few miles away and, unlike the rest of the staff, Gabbi had a set schedule. She worked Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm one week and Tuesday through Saturday the next week but she let them know she was free for more hours if needed.

Ronni was on complete bed rest. Her due date was February 14 but she was expected to deliver by the end of January. James and Emmett were getting very excited about parenthood but they worried about Ronni's health also. Within a couple weeks their daughter would be here and Ronni would be able to return to her active life.

 

Justin had gone to the neurologist and after a week of waiting he received a call from the doctor's office. Justin called Brian at the office, "Hey, Sunshine, what's up?"

"Can you clear your schedule for 1:00 today?"

"Ya, I just have a meeting in the office that I can schedule earlier.  What is it?"

"I need you to meet me at the neurologist. The test results are back and he told me to bring you along." Justin's voice shuttered a bit.

"I'm on my way home. I don't want you driving. I can,"

"Brian, you don't need to do that. I..."

"Justin, stop. I am canceling my day. I want to drive you."

"Brian?"

"Yes, Sunshine," Brian responded softly,

"I'm scared."

"So am I, but we can do this together. I'll be home in about forty minutes."

Before Brian got in his car he texted his dad. ‘Call me ASAP' was all he messaged before driving off. Ten minutes later his phone rang. He glanced and saw it was Kevin.  "Dad, thanks for calling so quickly."

"I got the feeling it was important."

"Dad, you know I don't pray, but I know you do. Justin's results are in from the tests. I am on my way home so I can be with him."

"Oh, Son, I am already praying. I will make sure I get home early tonight. I can help out if you need extra hands. How has he been feeling?"

"You've been there, Dad. He doesn't ever complain."

"Son, take care of your love and I will be home by dinner time." There was a moment of silence and then Kevin said, "Call me if you need me. I love you."

"Thanks, Dad. I love you, too."

When Brian got home, Justin came out the door before Brian could get out of the car. "I don't care where we go but I can't just stay here."

"I can think of a way to distract you." Brian reached for his hand and brought it to his mouth. "You game."

"God, yes!  But not here! I need to go anywhere."

"Relax, Sunshine. Stressing will just create a headache. We have this. Whatever it is, we have this. Did you tell your mom?"

"No, I want to know what to tell her." Justin said as Brian turned on the blinker of the car. "Is this that little old bed and breakfast?"

"It is. I happen to know a couple guys just bought it and, well, they have added hourly rates and play rooms."

"Well," Justin smiled for the first time, "I have a feeling we will need to check this out another time but for now..."

"They will have a bed for us."

"How do you know about these guys?"

"They just hired Kinnetik for a fun campaign." Brian pulled the car into a spot. "Stay here. I'll be out in a few minutes." Five minutes later Brian came out with his cellphone in hand. He went to Justin's side of the car and opened the door, offering his hand. Justin took it and stepped out.  Brian led him to the side of the building to a door, once inside Brian used a code on his phone to gain access to a room inside the door. The room didn't have a bed but there were several surfaces perfect for sex.  

Brian stripped Justin and leaned him over an extra high sawhorse. Justin had to stand on his tiptoes to be comfortably draped over the top and he was fairly unstable but it just added to the thrill when Brian entered him. Justin had no time to think of anything other than what Brian was doing to his body and then, when he shouted, losing his load, Brian followed. 

Brian glanced at his watch and pushed Justin against another apparatus, this time facing out, and quickly had Justin grab the straps as he took Justin's cock into his mouth and it didn't take Brian long to have him fully erect again. And then he gave into Brian's skill and when he stood Justin collapsed into his arms. 

After a couple minutes they went into the bathroom and they cleaned up quickly before dressing and walking out to the car. Brian opened Justin's door and then wrapped his strong arms around him. They kissed for a few moments then Brian said softly, "Whatever it is, we will deal with it."

Justin nodded and got in the car. Brian got in behind the wheel and they talked about Ronni and the staff the remainder of the drive. They stayed away from talking about the kids. Brian knew that was what Justin was thinking about the most. Family was everything. 

Brian pulled into the parking lot and they entered the office together. After a short wait, they were escorted into the doctor's office and were told the doctor would join them in about five minutes.  

Neither of them were talking. When the doctor walked in they instinctively reached for the other's hand. "Gentlemen, it is nice to see you again. I hope all is well with your family."

"You tell us, doc," Brian said sardonically. 

"Just tell us my options so we can talk it over." Justin moved his chair a little closer to Brian's.

"I first want to say, you are young and strong. You should heal successfully."

"Heal from what?" Brian asked.

"The first option is to do nothing right now. You will probably continue to have an increasing number of headaches and the severity will probably increase. You don't take painkillers daily so we could add that."

"That sounds like a poor option." Brian looked at Justin, "What would give him the best results for a lifetime."

"There are really two options, both include surgery. The first is less invasive but also less effective. Look at this," He turned screens on and an image of Justin's head appeared. We see two areas where there seems to be an issue." He pointed at an area. "This would include surgery, opening the skull in a very small area right here," the doctor pointed at a spot that showed a white spot. "That is a bone spur that is pressing inward. That must go sometime in the next year."

"But? There's more, right?" Brian looked at the screen. "I see that other area that looks different."

"That first area I pointed out, that is what is probably causing a lot of your pain right now, but you're right, Brian, there is this bigger area that at the moment isn't as inflamed but is most likely going to get worse."

"Most likely? So it might not do anything?" Justin asked.

"Justin, I can't say 100%, but I would say the likelihood of it progressing in the next three to five years is highly likely."

"So what is your suggestion?" Brian said flatly.

"I suggest, Justin, you have the more invasive one. Yes, it has some dangers, but if nothing is done, it will get progressively worse."

"And if I go for the major surgery, what could go wrong?" Justin leaned even closer to Brian and Brian wrapped his arm around him.

"Justin, we will be operating millimeters from your brain. Of course there is danger, however, we know what we are doing."

"You didn't answer my question but you don't have to. I know the threat. How about recovery? What should I expect?"

"It will probably be about a month of total down time and then another month of light duty."

"Well, that answers that. I don't have two months to do nothing. Brian has started a philanthropic venture with family and friends. I have to be..."

Brian put his hand on Justin's knee. "You come first, Sunshine."

"If I waited until April, would it hurt me?"

"I don't think it would cause any more damage, but I do think you will have more pain as time goes on."

Justin stood, "We'll call you later this week." Justin looked at Brian, "You coming?"

Brian looked at the doctor, "Anything else I need to know?"

"A couple months is Ok, but more than that the pain will become unbearable."

"Put him in early April. We'll be in contact." And Brian followed Justin into the hall.

 

Justin was waiting at the car.  "I'm driving," he said and held his hand up for the keys. Brian opened his mouth but closed it again and threw him the keys and then got in. Justin backed up and then drove carefully out of the parking lot. He slowly gained speed and the second he was on the freeway he floored it. Brian tried to figure out where Justin was headed as he went faster and faster.

"Sunshine, can you..."

"Fuck you, Brian. Shut up." 

Brian didn't say anything else for more than 15 minutes. He watched the road and Justin's face.  When he saw a tear slip down Justin's cheek he softly said, "Pull over, Sunshine." He left off the gas and at the next exit he coasted off the freeway and fortunately there was a park he could pull into and then he dropped his head onto the steering wheel and sobbed.

"It's not fuckin' fair! I have worked so hard. I just don't know if I can..."

Brian got out of the passenger and walked around the car to the driver's side. He opened the door and took Justin in his arms. Justin wrapped his arms so tightly around Brian's neck so tightly he could barely breathe. Brian lifted Justin out of the seat and managed to get them both in the backseat. They half sat, half laid back there and Brian held Justin, crying right along with him. Justin was right. He had gone through so much. It wasn't fair, but this time he wouldn't leave his side. He would never leave him alone.

A half hour later Brian drove them home. Justin lay in the back seat where he had fallen asleep in Brian's arms. They arrived home and went up to the studio. Justin washed his face and then crossed the studio to Brian who was staring out the window. He turned when he heard Justin approach and pulled him close. "Feeling a little better."

"I'm sorry about earlier. You didn't deserve that."

"Justin, you told me to fuck off. There is nothing to be sorry for." Brian couldn't stop himself from kissing Justin's head where he knew the injury was. "You know it is totally your choice what surgery you have."

"Brian, I can't be down for two months. We have three kids. I am starting a new business.  You're starting a new business. I just don't see..."

"Sunshine, can you spend that time in severe pain or high on painkillers? What good are you to our kids then? We have staff. I know that isn't the same but I am sure your mom will help. If you wait a little bit, Ronni will be back and Gabbi can stay an extra month or two." Brian tilted Justin's head a bit so they could see eye to eye. "I can't stand to see you in pain like that. You are right, it isn't fair. There is nothing fucking fair about this, and knowing Hobbs is out there, and your father is out there..."

"I know you're right, but I don't think I should be here, at least not for a while. I don't want them to see me struggle. Maybe Lindsay will be able to take Gus."

"Sunshine, Gus will hate that. You know he doesn't want to switch his routine and he has to stay here for school. But, we don't have to decide today. I told the doctor to schedule it in April.  Maybe we can do it around Gus' spring break and then it would make sense for him to go to Lindsay's for a week." Brian pulled Justin close and kissed him slowly. His tongue slid in and out of Justin's mouth, encountering Justin's, doing a slow dance as Justin melted against Brian. 

When Brian slowly moved away he said, "We are going to do this together. If I could take your place you know I would, but you will never be alone. I promise. You won't wake up by yourself."

Justin took a deep breath and nodded. Softly he said, "It's time to go love our kids. Dinner will be ready shortly and I am sure Charly saw us come home."

Before Brian could respond there was a knock on the door. Brian walked over and looked to see who it was. He opened it all the way when he saw it was James. "I don't mean to bother you but Charly was worried about you."

"We were just coming down." Justin said as he smiled at their friend.

"Is everything alright?"

Brian started to speak but Justin stopped him. "I am fine right now. I will need surgery sometime, but we are focusing on your mom right now."

"Oh ya, we are taking her in tomorrow and she will probably not come home. They expect her to deliver in the next week so they want her there. I don't know if I know how to be a dad."

Brian put his hand on James' shoulder. "You'll know. You are great with our kids and you and Em will love her and that's what is most important. And you know Ronni will be there."

"Now you go home and make love uninterrupted and then sleep soundly before you don't have time to do either." Justin walked over and kissed James' cheek. "Let us know if we can do anything for you."

"Thank you. Both of you are just amazing. I know you have more to tell us but if it can wait... Just make sure you tell us if you need something. I still work for you."

"Not right now you don't. As of today you are on leave until that baby is home safely."

James went down the steps and Brian and Justin followed him. Justin walked into the family room and after kissing his boys, who were playing with Gabbi, and picking up Jessi, he walked over to Charly and gave her a one armed hug. "I'm good for now. We'll talk later."

"I didn't want to impose but you had been up there a while and..."

"You're fine. We have a baby to bring home next week and then we'll explain more. Is Connor around?"

"He is at the barn. He is taking over the security for Britin tonight for a couple weeks. Gabbi said she was willing to stay a little later when we need her so everything should work out." 

Gabbi said goodbye as the family sat down to eat. "Charly, you go home, taking food for the three of you. I'll straighten up."

"I'll go if you promise not to clean everything up."

"I promise. I'll put the food away and the dishes in the sink." Justin said as he waved her out and then put some more food on Aaron's tray. The rest of the evening, Brian and Justin played with their kids and then got them ready for bed and all five piled into Gus' bed for stories. By the time the story was finished Jessi was asleep in Justin's arms and Aaron was curled up against Gus.  Brian picked Aaron up and put him in his toddler bed on the other side of the room while Justin helped Gus tuck in and then together, Brian and Justin crossed the hall to the nursery and Justin put Jessi in her crib. He leaned back knowing Brian would be there to catch him. Brian's arms came around him and together they watched their little girl for a few minutes.

"Let's go to bed, Sunshine."

Together they entered their room and silently got ready for bed. Once they were in bed, Justin said, "Ronni will have a baby within a week. I am guessing she won't be down long. She will start coming back to work early March. After my surgery I was thinking, maybe I could stay at Kevin's. He is already living in town more than here and the remodeling will be done by then. I can stay in your old room. It will be quiet and dark. The location would be good for my mom to spend time here. Maybe after a couple weeks I could come back here."

"If you are staying in the city, so am I, at least part of the time."

"Oh, and I was thinking about J.Jay."

"Who is J.Jay? Do I need to be jealous?"

"J.Jay's the artist that was painting that mural in Atlanta."

"Oh, ya, I remember now. I knew it sounded familiar. What made you think of J.Jay?"

"I have just signed on a couple of these new artists and I have three more that are interested. So, I have to cover my commitment, and I think she might be interested in coming up to do her own work, but then she could help with the communications between the artists. I don't want to shut it down so soon after starting it."

"Whatever you want, Sunshine. I know you got to know J.Jay a lot better than I did but I trust your judgment. Maybe until the barn is livable, the studio will work for her to live?"

"That's what I was thinking. Jeff is about done with the renovations at the house. Do you think he could get the plumbing and electrical into the barn? Once that is in I think Connor and Charly can get it livable soon. They are focusing on the section that was already partly livable so if the rest fixtures are there they can expand slowly."

Brian pulled Justin into his arms. "Sunshine, stop thinking so much. This will work out. And remember what the doctor said. The new painkillers are a lot stronger and should take care of even your headaches."

"Yes, it will also keep me from functioning. I can't take it if I have the kids with me."

Brian kissed him, "Sleep, love. We will get it all to work out. We have plenty of time."   

 

Justin contacted his mom and let her know he would be having surgery. Of course she was worried but she was also hoping this would take care of the pain he had daily. She offered to help in any way she could. Justin had thanked her but he wasn't sure his mother was the best choice. He knew he wouldn't be pleasant to be around and his mother would hover too much. And he had called J.Jay in Atlanta. The move was set for early March. That would give him time to complete training before the surgery.  

It was Friday night when James and Emmett were visiting Ronni at the hospital when labor began. Dante had canceled all his work trips until further notice and he stayed by her side as the pain increased. James and Em were in and out of the room. About midnight, Em walked in the room. Ronni was getting a couple minutes of rest and Dante had his head resting on her arm.

"Dante, why don't you go get something to eat, take a little break. James was making a phone call and was then going to get something to eat. I'll stay here with Ronni."

"Thanks, Em. Ronni?"

"Go, Dante. Em will keep me company."

"And if anything changes, I'll text you." Em said walking to Ronni's other side.

Dante bent and kissed his wife. "I will be back soon, Veronica. I love you, darling." 

Once Dante had left, Em sat in a chair next to the bed. She had a contraction and Em talked calmly as she went through it. When it was over she relaxed a bit. "Do you want to try to sleep again?"

"No, Em, but could I have some of those ice chips?"

Em helped her with the ice and then took her hand. "Ronni, I know this is all going to speed up soon and I just want to say, how much I admire you for doing this for us. I never thought I would be able to be a father. Not only am I going to be a father to my biological daughter but she is biologically part of the man I love, too. I will never be able to thank you for this."

"Emmett, as long as you keep loving my son and your daughter, the only thing you owe me is time to spoil her." As she finished the sentence she cried out. "Oh, Emmett, this is different. Get the nurse.  NOW!"         

Em pushed the call button and ran out the door where he saw people already moving toward them. "Ronni," the nurse said, "What has changed?"

"I feel like something is ripping inside me."

"The doctor is on her way. This little one's heartbeat has dropped. Has your husband been called?"

"He is on his way from the lunch room," Emmett offered.

"Well, it is a good thing you had an epidural a bit ago because we are going to need to do a C-section."

"I'll go..." Em started.

"Emmett wait." Ronni saw her doctor walk in as she cried out again. "I know this is dangerous for both me and the baby. I don't want Dante or James in here. If anything happens to me..."

Moments later the cloth had been draped over her belly and the incision was being made. They had given Ronni something to calm her a bit. Emmett didn't want to look on the other side of the drape but he could see a lot of packing material that was full of blood. He was sure Ronni was looking paler as he held her hand. He could hear Dante and James outside. They were trying to get in. Why was this happening? This wasn't supposed to happen!

 

Brian and Justin were up with a fussy Jessi. "Come on, sweetheart, please stop crying." Brian walked back and forth trying to lull their daughter. "What is wrong?"

"Maybe she knows there will be a new baby on the premises soon." Justin took her from Brian.  "I think she has teeth coming in." He rubbed her gums, making her cry louder for a second but then she gnawed on his finger. "There are definitely teeth coming. Sweet Jessi, this is so unlike you." 

"I wish Ronni was here. She always has something to help with these things." Brian hated hearing her cry.

"I wonder how Ronni is doing?" Emmett had texted them earlier that she was in active labor.

Brian walked over and was going to take her again but Justin snapped, "No, just go to bed Brian. I will get her quieted down."

"Fine," Brian walked out of the nursery and went back to their room. He got in bed but he couldn't sleep. His mind went to the nursery. They hadn't ever had a huge blow up since they had gotten married. Well, they had argued but not enough to separate. He didn't mind a disagreement. They did a good job of working through it, and better yet, a good job at making up.  He thought back to his earlier life. He never wanted for sex but, damn, empty sex would never do it for him again. The connection between them made him soar everytime they made love. Normally, he wouldn't think again about Justin's sharp words, but his mind kept drifting back to finding Justin in that upstairs apartment that his father had nearly imprisoned him in. The lies Craig had told Justin had kept them apart, and it took Brian a long time to convince him he loved him. And then there was the rehab. Justin had gone through so much.

Brian realized it had been a while since he had heard anything in the house. Why didn't Justin come to bed? He waited another couple minutes and then got up and moved into the hall. He was turning toward the nursery but then noticed the door to the boys' room was open a bit.  Brian pushed it open far enough to slip through and there he found Justin standing in the middle of the room. He saw Justin repositioning himself, which let him know he was aware he had walked in. Brian walked up behind him and slipped his arms around his shoulders, gently pulling him back and kissing his neck, letting him know the words had been forgotten. 

After a few minutes Brian turned him around and guided him out of the room. When he had shut the door he looked down at his husband and saw his damp cheeks. "What is it, Sunshine?"  

Justin's arms went under Brian's and his hand rested on Brian's shoulders, pulling him close. Very softly he said, "I love you all so much and I am so scared that if something happens, I won't be around to... I can't go through rehab like that again. I just can't."

Brian guided Justin into their room and slipped Justin's robe off his shoulders and then threw both of their robes in a chair as they got in bed. Brian pulled him close and softly said, "You aren't going to do any of this alone."

"I keep going back to the pain. Can I take it again? I'm embarrassed I'm such a wimp."

"Sunshine, you deal with pain everyday. I can only hope this will be the end of it. I could never have dealt with this."

"Yes, you would have. You would have gone to work every day and drove Cynthia nuts but she loves you as much as I do so she would have stuck it out."

"I understand. You have every right to feel like this."

"I've now had my ‘pity me' moments. I am done. We both have a lot to do before my surgery. Is Legacy ready to open? No more threats?"

Brian talked softly about Legacy. Kevin and Blake were ready to open on Monday. They had completed the training of the staff and, best of all, there had been no more threats. Kevin was going to be living in Pittsburgh now. Brian assured Justin that Kevin would let him stay there.  Brian continued to ramble for a few more minutes until Justin was breathing deeply. Brian tightened his arms a bit and then drifted off himself.

 

Connor rolled off Charly, still breathing heavily. "Damn," he said softly. "That was beyond amazing."

"And soon we don't have to worry as much about Shadow being in the next  room."

"The barn is far from done, but since Brian and Justin are helping with the electoral and plumbing within the month we should be able to move in there."

"And with Shadow's room in the loft at the other end of the barn..." Charly flipped and straddled him. 

"I may need to take a daily nap," Connor said, reaching up and running his thumbs over her nipples. As Charly arched they both forgot about the conversation.

 

"Ok, Ronni, you are about to meet your granddaughter. You will feel a little tug and... shit." The doctor stopped talking to her, Emmett looked at his mother-in-law. Ronni's skin tone had gone gray and the staff had gone silent except for the doctor giving orders.  

Emmett felt as if he was in a dream. He saw one of the nurses break off from the rest carrying his daughter. She motioned him over. He hadn't expected to be here alone. James was supposed to be next to him. Dante was supposed to be standing next to a smiling Ronni. Emmett walked over to the table where his daughter was getting evaluated.

"Is she..."

"She seems perfect," the nurse smiled up at him. She noticed Emmett looking over at Ronni. "There is nothing you can do over there. The doctor is very good and they have called in..." the door opened and another doctor raced in, "a specialist."

Emmett touched their daughter's hand and then a foot, tears running down his cheek.  He could tell they were about to move her out of the room. "Where are they taking her?"

"Surgery," was all the nurse could say before they rushed her out the door. 

Em heard Dante's voice. It drifted off as he followed his wife. The room was so quiet now and then Em felt James near him. Em looked up at him and they kissed. "Can we..." Em said nodding toward the sofa on the opposite side of the room. 

"I will give you a little time. I will be back soon to finish up the exam." She smiled at the men, "Congratulations."

James took his daughter and kissed her cheek but then looked at Em and his eyes said it all, "Mom?"

"All I know is she was bleeding."

"Why couldn't we come in? Dante nearly hit a nurse."

"Your mom told them she didn't want you in. She didn't want you to focus on her and not," Em looked down at their child, "her." Em's arm went around James and the sleeping babe James brought to his chest. They walked over to the sofa and James opened his shirt and laid the baby on his chest. 

"Are we going with the name we came up with?" James kissed her head. 

"I hope so. Amelia Grace Augustin sounds perfect to me." Em kissed James and then kissed his daughter.  

The nurse walked back in. "I need this beauty for about five minutes and then I will have her back to you."

Em smiled at her, "Is there any update on Ronni?"

"I'm sorry.  All I know is they are trying to stop the bleeding but the doctors with her are excellent. Her husband is waiting in the room on the floor above us."

James glanced at Emmett. "Go, Jamesy. I'll be here with Amelia. Dante needs you and you need to be there."

"I love you. I love both of you." And James was gone.

 

Emmett messaged Brian and Justin at sunrise. ‘Amelia Grace arrived healthy about 4:00 a.m. Ronni has been in surgery since then.'

By 8:00 a.m. Brian was on the surgical floor with James and Dante and Justin was sitting with Emmett holding Amelia. "Em, she is so perfect. I can already see our daughters playing together. They are going to be the best of friends."

"Justin, I'm sorry, but can I leave you with her for a few minutes? I need to check on Ronni. I will tell the nurse."

"Sure, Em. She is in good hands." Em kissed Justin's cheek and disappeared.

Shortly, Brian walked in where Justin sat with Amelia. He sat down and Justin handed the newborn to Brian who held her to his chest. "How is Ronni?" Justin asked, before kissing his cheek.

"It is still touch and go. They hope they have the bleeding under control and now it is just a waiting game. They said she won't wake for hours if ...."

"If she wakes up?" 

"Yes, if she wakes up. Right now they are saying it is about a 50/50 chance." Brian's face didn't show any emotion except when he talked to Amelia.

"Brian, is there anything we can do? You have connections to a couple doctors don't you?"

"I already called and they suggested the person who did her surgery."

"We can put my surgery off if we need to. The surgeon said there was no rush."

"Justin, that is 2 months off."

"Brian, don't you care that this little one's grandmother might not make it. A woman who has been everything to us?"

"Sunshine," Brian first scowled but then his face went soft, "all I can think of is a wonderful mother like her might not make it out of her unselfishness and a woman like Joan, who has never done anything without selfishness front and center, can't die off."

"Ronni is strong and I doubt she would allow herself to die. She has plans to spoil this little one."

As the day progressed the hospital made an exception and gave them a room near intensive care so they could keep the baby close and be close to Ronni. Brian and Justin had left while James, Dante, and Emmett stayed in the room, getting reports every hour. 

About 7:30 p.m. Brian and Justin returned and sent the three men to get some food. Em and James returned to the room, "Any change?" Brian asked. 

"Dante went to check," Emmett said as he took his daughter from Justin. "We really appreciate you coming back but why don't you go home. It is Saturday tomorrow and I bet you have plans with the kids."

"We are going to see Grandpa Kevin's new house. Gus is so excited to see how it has changed." Justin took Brian's hand.

"Please let us know if there is any change." Brian kissed the little girl's head.

"Of course." James put an arm around Em.

"We could bring clean clothes in for you if you would like," Justin suggested.

"Oh that would be..." Emmett was interrupted by Dante. He walked into the room, sobbing. "Dante what is it? Just don't tell us she's gone."

Dante tried to catch his breath, "Oh, Ronni..." Dante crumbled in a heap, sobbing.

 

Chapter 4 by Simply written

 

Justin and Brian helped Dante off the floor and helped him to the chair. James knelt in front of his step father and took his hands. "Dante, is Mom gone? Is she..."

"No, I'm sorry, no. She's awake! She's asking to see her granddaughter."

There was a quiet cheer. "James, take her. I will be there in a minute. I need to tell Brian and Justin a couple things and then I will be there."

Emmett wrapped his arms around both Brian and Justin. "Thank God! And thank you for being here."

"Of course, Em. Tell Ronni we can't wait to see her." Justin smiled at him.

"Will you let Nat and Tom know about Amelia, and Ronni of course?"

"Oh, sure!"

"And tell Nat to tell my family. I didn't want to tell them until I knew Ronni was going to be alright."

"We'll explain everything."

"And you don't have to bother bringing clothes in tomorrow. We will be going home in the morning."

"I'll send Charly and Connor over to make sure everything is ready," Brian said as he hugged Emmett once more. He then slipped his arm around Justin. "Let's go home, Sunshine. You need to get some sleep."

"Feel free to come over on Sunday. I am sure your kids will want to meet her."

"You go see Ronni. We are on our way and we will see you sometime on Sunday."

 

Brian had noticed Justin's reaction to light the last little while they were at the hospital. As they walked out, Justin held onto him tightly. "How bad is it?"

"Not too bad yet. I'll relax on the way home and once I get there I will take my medicine."

"Don't you have some on you?"

"I do, but I don't want the effects to hit me before I'm in the house. Mom doesn't need to know that I need something that powerful."

"I almost forgot your mom was at the house." Jenn had come to have dinner with them and then decided to just stay with the kids while they were at the hospital. "Is she staying overnight?"

"I'm not sure but I am guessing she will. She doesn't like to drive much at night and Molly is with a friend overnight." Justin's voice seemed distant in some way. Brian stopped talking and let him rest.

"Hey, Sunshine, we're home." Brian reached over and softly touched Justin's cheek.

"Oh, I didn't plan to fall asleep like that."

"We had a crazy day. Do you want me to call Nat and Tom?"

"Do you mind?"

"Not at all. You go be polite to your mom and then, after a cup of tea, go to bed. I'll make the calls out here and then come in." They met at the front of the car and they kissed. 

Justin's arms went around Brian's neck and pulled him close. "That nap did a lot of good. Don't take too long. Oh, and can you just call Charly about checking on James and Emmett's house?"  Justin pressed his pelvis against Brian.

"Damn, go so I can make my calls and then," Brian's hand ran over Justin's ass and then it was Justin's turn to swear before he turned and walked into the house.

Justin made tea for his mom and himself while Brian made his phone calls. "Thank God Ronni woke up. It would be devastating without her." Jenn took a sip of her tea.

"It was a horrible day, except for being able to hold Amelia. She is so beautiful. I can already picture Jessi running down the path to play with her."

"You have created a wonderful life here. I had the feeling you had a headache when you walked in."

"When I had left the hospital I did, but I slept all the way home and with the relief of Ronni's improvement the strain went away." Justin kissed his mom's cheek, "I take it the staff are all off?

"Yes, Charly and Connor took Shadow to a movie. They told me about the barn. That is exciting."

"Ya, I thought J.Jay would need to stay in the studio for a while but it looks like she will be able to move directly into the pool house." They both looked toward the door to the garage as Brian walked in.

"Tom and Nat are so excited about the baby. They are going to try to come up in a month or so. Right now the shelter is full because it is the coldest time of the year. He said by March it would warm up and the shelter would quiet down a bit. It will be good to see them." 

"Is Charly going to the caretaker's house in the morning?" Justin asked.

"She is. She said she had already put a couple meals in the freezer and she had something for them to eat tomorrow."

Jenn smiled, "You two have made such a great extended family without neglecting me." She kissed Justin's cheek. "Not to mention those beautiful grandchildren you gave me. Now, you two need to get some rest. I am taking the monitor with me."

"Mom, you don't need to do that. Jessi has been very cranky at night lately and..."

"Her teeth broke through today. She is much happier and very tired. Go to bed. I am staying in the room next to the boys so I will be close to all of them."

"Thanks, Jenn, I couldn't have asked for a better mother-in-law." He stretched his hand out and helped Justin up and kissed him. "Goodnight, Jenn, we'll see you in the morning."

Justin leaned down and kissed his mom on the cheek. "Love you, Mom."

"I love both of you, too. If you lock up, I'll turn off the lights when I go to bed."

 

Brian and Justin slid into bed. "Sunshine, we don't have to do anything. You have to be exhausted."

"Are you trying to get out of making love with me?" Justin laid his hand on Brian's chest and ran his fingers through the small patch of hair before slowly moving his hand lower.

Brian rolled toward Justin, propped on one arm. "I will never get tired of making love. You know that." Brian lowered his mouth and Justin accepted it greedily. After several moments of stroking and kissing, Brian moved one of Justin's legs over to the side and then put Justin's other leg on his shoulder. He entered him slowly and as their eyes locked, Justin went into that place he did when the pleasure overtook him. Brian could look at his face all day when it had that ethereal look. Truth was, he could look at Justin's face any day. As they both climbed higher Brian came down and kissed him. As their tongues entwined, first Brian and then Justin climaxed seconds apart.

"Fuck, when I think it can't get any better, it does." Brian rolled to the side.

"That's because we know what we have. No matter how many men I was with, you were the only one I wanted to be with again." Justin moved to Brian and drifted off in his arms. 

 

The next morning Gus and Aaron were excited. First their grandma got them up and they were going to see their grandpa. Jessi was giggly because her mouth didn't hurt and her brothers' excitement rubbed off on her. Brian and Justin had heard from Dante who told them Ronni was already complaining about being in the hospital while James and Emmett were on their way home with Amelia. 

Jennifer left as Brian and Justin put the kids in the car and as they pulled out they waved at Ted and Blake. "I wondered if they would come over today." Justin said as he waved.  

"Since Ronni obviously isn't here it is probably a good thing that someone is here. I am sure Charly will check in on them, too. We will go tomorrow." Brian made conversation. The kids chattered in the back seat. They had found out putting Gus in between the younger two helped when toys were dropped. Brian and Justin loved listening to their children in the backseat. This morning Gus was reading his siblings a book. He was actually reading some of it and the rest he just made up if the words were too hard.

"Daddies, am I going to Mommy's today?"

"Yes, when we get to Grandpa's we'll let her know, and then your mom will bring you back tomorrow afternoon."

"Will I get to see the baby tomorrow? What's her name?"

"Her name is Amelia and I think your mom will take you there because she will want to see her, too."

"Good, I want to meet her."

Justin smiled over his shoulder. "I am sure she will want to meet you, too."

As soon as they arrived at Kevin's, Gus took Aaron's hand and walked him to the front door, talking the whole time about how this was their other grandma's house but now it was going to be Grandpa Kevin's house. Brian lifted Jessi out of her carseat and kissed her chubby cheek.  "I'm so glad you are feeling better, princess." Justin took the diaper bag from him and after throwing it over his shoulder he linked arms with him. Are you alright with this?"

"I am. I'm not saying I won't have a moment, but you know the place will just have a new energy to it. Dad and Joan are so opposite. It can't feel the same."

"I totally agree, but if you disappear, I'll come looking for you." Justin kissed Brian and then Jessi lifted her face for a kiss and Justin kissed her, too. "You are just too sweet. I can't imagine life without her." Justin said to Brian.

"I agree. I know I wasn't all for it but now our family wouldn't be complete without her." The boys were already in the house and the door was standing open for them to enter. Brian walked over to his dad and kissed his cheek as he handed Jessi to him while Justin shut the door.

"I know you said you would order lunch, but now that I have this amazing kitchen, I decided to cook. I knew the kids liked mac and cheese so I made some of that and I have a tray of munchies, fruit, pickles, lunch meat..."

"Dad, you didn't have to do all that."

"I know but I wanted to. You have given me this amazing home. This is the first time in thirty years that I had a home of my own. Sure, the church has given me places to live but I often shared it, and most of the time it didn't feel like it was mine. Thank you, son."

"You deserve it and so does this house," Brian said as he set Jessi on the floor and pulled out some toys for her. The next hour and a half Kevin finished the meal and they ate around the kitchen table. They were just finishing up when there was a knock on the door. 

"Mom's here!" Gus yelled.

"Gus, you don't need to yell. We are all sitting around the table." Justin stood. "I'll get the door, you say goodbye and thank you to your grandpa." He walked to the door and let Lindsay in. "Hey, Lindz."

"Wow, look at this place. It is like a whole new house." 

"Mommy!" Gus ran to her and she bent to hug and kiss him. Brian and Kevin appeared in the doorway, each holding one of the little ones. "Mommy, tomorrow can we see the baby?"

"Of course, Gus. I can't wait to meet Amelia." She looked over at Brian, "How is Ronni?"

"She may come home tomorrow already. I think she is driving the nurses crazy." Brian smiled over to her and Gus. "If we aren't at the main house when you come back we will be at the caretaker's house." Brian opened his arms and Gus ran over.  

"Bye, Daddy. Love you." Gus hugged him tight and then gave his sister, brother and grandpa a hug. Justin helped him on with his jacket and they hugged. Love you, Daddy J."

"I love you, too, Gus. Listen to your mom."

Lindsay held his hand as they walked out the door.

"Everytime he leaves with her, I think, what if she doesn't bring him back." Brian looked at Justin first and then at his dad.

"Brian, I'm not saying that isn't possible, but I think Lindsay has realized, at least at this time, she doesn't have enough time to be a full time mom. She knows you let her see him and you pay for all the staff."

"Ya, I think you're right, but I have this feeling once she feels established again, she will change her mind."

"Well, I'll pray that she will keep Gus' wishes in mind. And remember we know she does love him. He is safe wherever he is. Compared to so many children on the street."

"You're right, Dad. Gus will never have to go through what your clientele do."

"And you haven't had any more threats have you?" Justin asked as he changed Jessi. He threw a diaper at Brian for Aaron.

"No, but I have a feeling that Valentine's Day could stir some things up. People like that will see all those kids having free love everywhere. They have no idea that some of these kids don't even understand what they want yet. They just know they are different from what most people expect."

"Just make sure you keep Carl informed if anything comes of it."

"I will, son."

They spent another hour at Kevin's. He loved spending time with the kids and after seeing them everyday he missed them now that he lived in the city. And as they left for Britin, they made Kevin promise he would come out next weekend.

By the time they got home the kids were both sound asleep and Brian and Justin each carried one of them upstairs. Once Aaron and Jessi were in their beds Brian and Justin met in the hall, but as Brian was going to go downstairs, Justin took his hand and led him to their bedroom. It was so rare that the house was this quiet. Usually Connor or Charly were working somewhere or Gabbi was in and out of rooms putting clothes away or straightening up. Once the door was closed, Justin reached up and put a hand on either side of Brian's face. Brian wrapped his arms tightly around Justin's waist and pulled him tightly against him and when their lips met, it was so light, so sweet.

Brian's mouth brushed every angle of Justin's face and the next time his lips landed on Justin's lips the gentleness was gone and need took over. Justin's hand had locked behind Brian's neck and he pressed his need against Brian, each able to feel the other's cock. Justin undid Brian's fly and slid Brian's pants down, and as his hand wrapped around Brian's shaft he felt him shiver. Brian pulled Justin's shirt off and then undid his fly and moment's later they lay on the bed. As Brian spooned him, he entered him but rather than beginning to move they lay still.

"What is it, Sunshine?" he asked softly.

Justin snuggled back to take a couple more millimeters of Brian's cock and then said, "I have a headache starting and I can tell it is going to be a bad one. I just wanted to be with you, to feel you before I go into a dark room. For a day or two. Please take the kids to see Amelia tomorrow.  I don't think I will be up to it." Justin began to move back and forth slowly and Brian met the rhythm. It wasn't a wild flash of lust but a slow build of need. Soon they both had cum and they just ‘felt' for several minutes.

"Naptime will be over very soon. Let's take a quick shower before that happens," Brian suggested.

"Ya, and before I have a hard time focusing."

Once they stood under the water and Brian was washing Justin's back he said, "It's getting that bad already?"

"It is. If you're okay, I'm going to take one of the pills and sip a cup of tea and then I will be out of it. I just hope if I do that tomorrow morning I'll be able to function."

"I'll check with Connor. Charly is working so maybe he won't mind helping out. Even if you feel better you don't need to deal with kids. Has J.Jay let you know the arrival time?"

"Sometime this week. It depends on how many side trips are taken. Next week we will go over what I expect will need to be done. I have had more artists contact me every week."

"You started the business because you knew it was important for young artists." Brian said as Justin took the soap from him and turned Brian around and washed his back. Brian turned when Justin stopped rubbing his back. When Brian turned he saw Justin balancing himself against the glass wall. "Ok, darling, it is time to get you tucked in." After helping him dry off, Brian pulled a t-shirt over his head and got some shorts for him to slip on before getting him his medication and then pulled the blanket up to his shoulders. "I love you, Sunshine." Justin mumbled and Brian kissed his cheek before going out the door to check on the kids.

 

Brian called Connor and asked if he could sleep in the house tonight. Of course, Charly and Shadow were also welcome. Brian knew if Justin's headache got as bad as he had predicted, he wouldn't want to leave him alone for long. By the time the sun came up Brian knew he had made the right choice. Justin had moaned throughout the night. He had even gotten sick at one point. The medication helped the pain but it made him queasy.  

Connor had taken Aaron and Jessi down in the morning and now, as it got close to noon, Connor and Shadow were playing with the kids while Charly made lunch.  

It was nearly noon when Justin slipped into a restful sleep, Brian had gotten some soup for Justin a little earlier so now he just needed to rest. Brian was glad he had come down just in time for lunch. Aaron looked at Brian, "Where Daddy?"

"Daddy is sleeping."

"See Em's baby?"

"Yes, after you and Jessi take a little nap, we will go see Amelia Grace."

"Ronni be there?" Aaron had asked for Ronni several times in the last week. He had always been close to her and it was hard on him while she had been on bedrest.

"Not today, but I bet in a couple days you will be able to see her."

Aaron got off his chair and crawled onto Brian's lap. "I miss her."

Brian held him close. Their little boy was so kind and soft hearted. He was just like Justin. "How about you head to your room with Connor and I'll put Jessi down and when you wake up we will go see the baby."

Aaron turned and hugged Brian around the neck, "I love you, Daddy."

"I love you, too, Aaron."

Brian put Jessi down and then checked on Justin. He could tell he was resting comfortably by the sound of his breathing. As he started to open the door he heard Justin, "Everything okay, Bri?"

"Everything is fine, Sunshine. Are you feeling better?"

"Just drained. No pain." 

Brian walked over and kissed Justin's cheek. "Sleep. Connor and Charly have been helping all day. "I love you."

Justin pulled the blanket a little higher and said, "Love you," as he drifted back off. Brian watched him for a few minutes. How did he deal with all that pain? He had always known Justin was far stronger than he was. His family would go on fine without him, but without Justin, he was afraid the family would crumble.

 

It was 3:00 when Brian loaded the kids into the stroller and tucked a blanket around each and walked the short distance to the caretaker's house. It was a beautiful, sunny day even if the temperature was around freezing. When he arrived he knocked and Emmett opened the door to find Brian holding Jessi and Aaron reaching up to one of his buddies. Emmett scooped up the little boy.

"I see the baby." Aaron looked over Em's shoulder and saw James sitting on the sofa with Amelia laying on his lap. "I see her! I see her!" Aaron said, trying not to be too loud. 

"Let me introduce you to our daughter." Emmett walked over to the sofa and sat down next to James and Amelia. Aaron immediately bent over and kissed her gently. "Pretty."

"Yes, she is," James smiled at the little boy. "Do you want to hold her with Em's help?" Aaron nodded. Emmett wrapped his arms around Aaron and then James laid their daughter in Aaron's little arms with Em's arms supporting him. 

Brian had walked closer so Jessi could see her new friend. "Babababa," she said and smiled at her daddy.

"Justin feeling any better?" Em asked.

"He is. The pain is gone so now he is just sleeping. He was up most of the night."

"Kinney, it looks like you might have been up most of the night, too." Em said with a note of understanding in his voice.

"Well, I guess I was, but I did sleep some and Connor has helped with the kids today. I took a little nap when the kids did. Oh, Gus and Lindsay will be here in a bit."

"Yes, she let us know," Emmett said. 

"How is Ronni?" Brian asked.

"Ronni! Miss Ronni!" Aaron chimed in.

"She actually got home an hour ago," James replied. "In fact, she made Dante stop here before she went home, but after ten minutes she was ready for her own bed."

"That little guy misses her so much. I hope she is up to a short visit tomorrow."

"You know my mother. She will bounce back quickly. She is already at about 70%. She will probably try to be back at work by her due date."

"Well, let me know if she is trying to overdo it. I will give her orders." Brian said as Jessi pulled herself up by the coffee table." 

"She isn't walking is she?" Emmett asked as he set Aaron on the floor so he could look at Amelia's toys.

"No, but she started pulling herself up. I think she will be walking early though. I bet by the time she is ten months she will walk everywhere." There was a knock on the door and Brian got up.  "I'll get it." Brian opened the door and caught Gus in mid charge. 

Gus hugged him. "Hi, Daddy. Where's Amelia?" Brian stepped out of the way and Gus moved across the room to the sofa. Brian gave Lindsay a kiss on the cheek and she gave him a little hug. Gus sat down next to James and leaned over his lap to see the baby Em was holding.  "She looks like Jessi. They are the same color. They are both so pretty." As Gus looked at the girls, Jessi fell backward and landed on her diapered backside. Her lower lip started quivering but before she could start crying, Gus had rushed to her side and kissed her, "You're okay."

"With a big brother like you she will always be Ok," Lindsay said, accepting the baby happily when Emmett offered her. 

Soon, it was time for them all to leave the little family by themselves. Once they were alone, Emmett put Amelia down in her bassinet before dropping on the bed himself. When he didn't come out of the bedroom, James went to look for him. He found him lying flat on his back, staring at the ceiling. James pulled off Emmett's shoes and then, kicking off his own shoes, he lay down next to him. "What are you thinking, Love?"

Em turned and kissed him and then laid his head on James' muscular chest. "I didn't realize I was thinking until you came in."

"And let me guess, you're thinking about our daughter."

"I was but far more than that. This is my dream life. I have a big, strong husband," Em's hand worked his hand up under the hem of James' shirt. "We have a beautiful daughter, and thank god your mother is alright. Three years ago we hadn't met yet and now we have this magic life. I can't imagine where I would be without you, both of you."

"Well, if I hadn't met you, I might still be trying to fool the world I was straight, trying to fool myself I was straight. You have made me the man I was always supposed to be." James rolled over pressing Emmett into the mattress. He moved his hand into the waistband of Em's pants. "I would never have been satisfied with a woman. I always knew this is what I needed." He undid Emmett's fly and brought out his cock. "You are such a stunning man, Emmett Honeycutt Augustin."

"I'm dropping the Honeycutt." Em said through gritted teeth trying to ignore what James was doing to him. "I... I want us to have the same last name," he said as James moved downward and took his cock into his mouth. "Oh, James, you would have been hiding so many skills if you had stuck with women!" Em bit his tongue and arched as he gave into the pleasure.

An hour later both men lay on the bed. They were still mostly dressed but they were now laying under a throw they kept near the bed. "We need to start dinner and Amelia will need a bottle as soon as she wakes up," Em commented.

"I'll go start dinner. I think Charly left us something I can just heat up," James said. He kissed Em and stood. He readjusted his clothes and strode out of the bedroom. Em watched him walk out and thanked the lord, like his mama taught him, for all the good things he had.

 

The next week went by quickly. Ronni was improving daily and by Friday, Charly took Aaron for a little visit to her home. He sat on her lap being very gentle of her ‘sore' tummy and after several stories both of them drifted off to sleep. While Aaron was getting all of Ronni's attention, Charly did a little cooking and cleaning for Ronni.

Friday was also the day J.Jay arrived. Justin was sure he had picked the right person for the job. He just wished J.Jay was sure. The first thing he hoped would happen was whether J.Jay wanted to be called him or her. He could never get an answer when they met, but he could feel the uncertainty in the life being lived. He hoped that would change.

When J.Jay arrived Justin opened the door with Jessi in his arms. J.Jay walked in, mouth hanging open. "Holy shit. This is a mansion! You really are rich, aren't you?"

"We do well enough." Justin kissed his smiling daughter's cheek. 

"Sorry about that, Justin," Connor said, taking Jessi from him. "Oh, hey, you must be J.Jay. I'm Connor." He extended his hand.

J.Jay took it. "J.Jay."

"J.Jay, what pronouns do you prefer?" Connor asked with complete sincerity.

Smiling from ear to ear, he said, "I prefer he and him."

"Great! It's nice to meet you. Do you need any help unloading your car?" He looked at Justin, who took his daughter back so Connor could help unload the car.

Jessi started pulling a face which Justin recognized immediately. "Connor, can you tell her about the living setup?" Justin didn't wait for a response. He held Jessi a little bit further away as he headed to the back room where they kept a changing table and diapers.  

Connor watched J.Jay watch Justin. "He is an amazing guy."

"Ya! I never thought I would get to work with an artist of his skill. But you would never know he was really rich."

"Ya, they don't act that way at all."

"Oh, Justin mentioned the living setup?"

"Ya, my girlfriend and I live in the pool house. She's the cook/housekeeper. We have been redoing an old barn at the back of the property. It will probably be ready for us to move into in a couple weeks. When we move you will have the pool house, but for the next couple weeks you will be bunking in Justin's studio. And we will just put your stuff here in the back of the garage and you can take up what you will need. What do you want me to carry up for you?"

J.Jay handed him a couple boxes and grabbed a couple bags himself and followed Connor up the steps. His first thought was he didn't mind sleeping above a garage as long as it wasn't cold.  He had never felt this kind of cold. He had been born and raised in Georgia and it just didn't get this cold.  

"Here you go." Connor stepped aside, allowing J.Jay to walk in the well lit space. There was a small sitting area and in another corner he saw what he was fairly sure was a Murphy bed. "I'm afraid there isn't a full kitchen but there is a fridge and microwave. Oh, and you are always welcome to eat with the family. Well, once in a while they have a family meal but they will let you know, but if you rather just eat up here, that's fine too." Connor stopped talking and looked at J.Jay.  "Are you always this quiet?"

"I guess I sort of am. I just never felt like I had anything to say anyone wanted to hear. My mom always just called me weird. She didn't understand me at all."

"Well, here we are all different. Charly is about 8 years older than me. She has a twelve year old daughter named Shadow. And then there is Em and James that live on the property. They just had a baby girl named Amelia."

"I met them. They were in Atlanta," he said softly.

"Oh, ya, and the other two that live on the grounds are Ronni and Dante. Ronni just gave birth to Amelia and she is still recovering from a C-section delivery."

J.Jay nodded and started unpacking. Connor watched a couple seconds thinking he might say something but when he didn't, Connor said, "I better get back to work. If you need anything just go in the door across from the steps. That will bring you right into the kitchen family area."

J.Jay nodded but as Connor got to the door, he said, "Thank you, Connor."

"Hey, anytime. If you need something just ask."

"Ok."

Connor came back into the kitchen and found Justin giving Jessi a snack. "He doesn't say much does he?"

"No. I am sure he has a story, but he's not the type you push. I wasn't even sure of his pronouns so I am glad you asked. You won't believe how talented he is. If you want anything painted on the walls of the barn, he could paint a mural for you that would be astonishing."

"I never thought about that, but there is a wall in the great room that could really use something." Connor saw Charly coming back with Aaron running a couple feet ahead of her, barely able to move because of his snowsuit. He opened the door and caught the little boy and tossed him into the air as he giggled.  

"More, please," Aaron said so Connor tossed him once more and then he kissed Charly who tugged off Aaron's coat.

"Where have the two of you been?" Justin asked.

"Ronni, house. I see Ronni." Connor put Aaron down and he ran to his daddy.

"Ronni and Aaron took a nap together so I just did a little cooking for her. I put a couple meals together and cleaned up the kitchen a bit."

The door to the garage opened and J.Jay walked in. When he saw Charly standing in the kitchen, he stopped. "Come in. It is too chilly to stay out there." Connor said. "I want to introduce you to Charly." 

Charly closed the space between them and offered her hand. J.Jay shook it. "So glad you could come help us out. We may be an unusual crew here but the more the merrier and if we can help with anything."

"Thanks," J.Jay said.

Connor moved to Charly and slipped his arm around her. "J.Jay, Justin said you might be able to give us some ideas for this large wall we have that needs something." He looked at Charly, "Justin said he is an amazing muralist."

"Oh, that would be so cool. I know the exact spot you are thinking. Shadow mentioned wanting to paint one of the walls in her room, too. Maybe you could give her some suggestions?"

For the first time J.Jay smiled a bit, "I'd like that."

 

When the evening came to a close, J.Jay and Connor had decided J.Jay would go to the barn about 10:00 the next morning and they would look over the space. Brian had gotten home but Gus would be with Lindsay until after school on Monday. Justin sent Charly home with Connor around 7:00 and then it was just the family. Once Brian and Justin had put the kids to the bed for the night, they met in the master bedroom.

They turned on the TV which was rarely used and Brian started an old movie, but very soon the movie had been forgotten. They sat in each other's arms and just absorbed each other's warmth. In between kisses and touches, they talked softly. "I know J.Jay's quiet but he will warm up. He is never going to talk a lot but I think he will work well," Justin said.  

Then later Brian said, as he nibbled on Justin's ear, "I miss Gus." Justin agreed.  

They talked about Ronni getting stronger and how in love James and Em were with each other and how Amelia had only made that love stronger.

Justin stood and tugged Brian to his feet. "Thursday is Valentine's Day. Do you think we could get the night away?"

"And where do you think you'd like to go?" Brian said as he claimed Justin's mouth again.

By the time the kiss ended, they were next to the bed. "Let's go back to the hotel, if we can get in. A room with a bed this time. I want to play and have a good night's sleep."

"Oh, I love the way you think. I will call first thing in the morning."

Justin tugged Brian's shirt over his head and soon they lay under the blankets, skin to skin.  They made love slowly. There was no rush. Both of them wanted to just continue as long as possible. They didn't want to break the connection but eventually they climaxed, and as they lay staring at the ceiling, they reached out simultaneously and linked fingers. Nothing needed to be said. Knowing the only person they could ever love lay next to them said it all.

 

Chapter 5 by Simply written

 

As Valentine's Day approached both Blake and Kevin received threats. Someone was really angry about Legacy moving into their neighborhood. The investigator from the police department had not had any luck finding out who was behind all of this, but the one thing they strongly believed was that it was not a group but one or two individuals that wanted to be noticed and that wanted others to think it was a group by the way they worded their threats.

Blake, Kevin, and Carl met with the investigator at Legacy on February 13 to decide what they were going to do. The detective had already suggested they close the center for safety, but they had refused. "Sir, no disrespect but the young adults that use our center already feel like they have no place to go. Many of them have been thrown out of their homes or have left because of the rules their parents set down. We have rules, but none of them are trying to change these people into something they aren't. Many of them have never had a positive Valentine's Day experience. We are not throwing anyone out on the street because of some bigoted..." Kevin stopped.

"I agree with everything Kevin said," Blake continued. "We are working on getting a few other people involved. My husband is talking to the news outlets and we are hoping to have a news team outside the building the entire night."

"A news crew?" Carl questioned and looked over at the detective. 

"That isn't the worst idea I have heard." The police officer mulled it over for a couple minutes. "It would definitely draw attention to the area which might not only deter activity but also we might catch someone on camera. The only thing that concerns me is will it draw attention to the place and bring in more radicals. You have only been open a little over two weeks and we have noticed less kids sleeping on the street or just hanging out on corners at all hours of the night."

"You know they aren't bad kids."

"Just misunderstood?" Carl commented.

"Actually somewhat misunderstood but in many cases they don't understand themselves. Straight people had all kinds of examples to look at and decide how they wanted to live their life.  Our guests wish they had someone to look at, some examples to even see what their options are. I have already seen changes in some who are soon going to be our leaders and examples for the others." Blake truly meant every word he said. 

"You don't have to convince us," Carl smiled over at Blake and patted his shoulder. Blake, I remember when you were a kid like these. I remember when you tried to find yourself in drugs, but I think finding Ted gave you the foundation you needed."

"Without Ted, I doubt I would have stayed clean. He was always there to support me. He believed in me. Now it is my time to believe in others. Ted and I will be here tomorrow night. Kevin, Brian, and Justin are well known in Pittsburgh. Do you think..."

Kevin put up his hand, "I am sure they would be willing, but right now, they need an evening alone, not to be the center of a public event. Justin has surgery in a couple weeks so they need some time alone."

"I didn't think his surgery was until April?" Blake questioned.

"Since Ronni is healing so quickly and will be able to spend a couple hours a day at the house, and Justin's assistant has arrived, it was changed. Justin's headaches have continued to get worse and more frequent, so when the surgeon had an opening come up in March, they knew they had to take it."

"How that young man has such a positive attitude is beyond me," Carl said. "He has always amazed me. Not only did he get attacked, but then his own father kidnapped him." The detective looked quizzically at Carl. "If you give me a ride to my place, I'll give you the short version of his story. Debbie dropped me off so I don't have a car." 

"Sounds good. Then  I will go back to the station and run your idea past my supervisor and let you know what else we can offer tomorrow night." 

Carl and the detective left while Blake and Kevin stayed in the office. "Do you think we need to close down tomorrow?" Blake looked worried. "The threats have gone from damage to the place to damage to people. If anything happened to any..."

"Blake, if we are forced to close tomorrow night, they have won. I can't let that happen. I will print up a flyer and let our guests know, without details, that we had a threat." Kevin started typing on his computer. "I have gone through something similar in the past more than once and I always hope that this will be the last time, but then others come along just because someone is different than they are, because they were taught to hate the unknown." Blake watched Kevin start to dissolve. "This has always been a top priority of mine, but now that I have Brian and Justin along with Brandy and Sally, it impacts me even more."

"I think that is a good idea. If they are really afraid, they can stay away but if they choose to come they may help us watch for approaching trouble." Blake stood. "I have an appointment I need to get to. I will see you in the morning."

"Ok, Blake. I will finish the flyer and then make one more sweep of the perimeter before I leave. Staff is here, right?" Blake nodded as he left the office.

 

Brian decided to work from home on Valentine's Day. He had rented the nicest suite at the B and B. He and Justin were both going to get some work done before lunch. Then they would spend some time with the two little ones. Lindsay was picking Gus up at school for a weekend visit and Jenn and Tucker were coming to Britin around dinner and would spend the night so Charly and Connor could spend the evening together. Shadow was at a friend's house for the night leaving them alone in their new home.

Brian moved to the office while Justin spent time with J.Jay in the studio. "Justin, did you see the latest new artist that contacted us?"

Justin could hear the excitement in his voice that he had never heard before. "Not sure which one you are referring to. I have to admit, I haven't been able to focus too much lately. It seems like if I try to focus I get a headache.

"I am glad you could get the surgery moved." J.Jay got nervous, "I don't mean I'm glad you need surgery I..."

Justin put his arm around J.Jay's shoulders, "I know what you meant." Justin was glad J.Jay didn't pull away. Previously, he shied away from physical contact of any kind. He was never going to be a big hugger and that was fine, but Justin wondered if it was just his nature to be reserved or if he had history that made him that way. "Please, show me what you see in him or her." J.Jay led Justin over to the computer and started popping the work up he wanted Justin to see. "Oh, wow! You have a great eye. Who is this? What was the name?"

"That's just it, there was no name on the email. The only way to contact them is with the email but they don't give us any idea."

"J.Jay, do whatever it takes to draw whoever this is out. Use my name if it helps. Tell them I think their work is stunning and I would love to work with them in our online studio. Please don't tell them why we are not going to have any live online classes for a while unless you would like to do some basic skills with them so we know they are really the artist. I hate to doubt people but when I first started, I had a very good prospect but soon found out it was stolen work off of someone else's web page."

"I don't know if I can do that, lead a skills class." J.Jay shifted from foot to foot.

"I have confidence in you, J, but I don't want you to feel uncomfortable," Justin smiled at J.Jay.  "I knew hiring you was just what I needed. I trust you to do what is best."

"If people ask for you, what do I say?"

"Just tell them I am taking an extended family vacation. That isn't a 100% lie. By the time I am feeling a little better I will be going to Atlanta, because my sisters-in-law are about ready to have their first baby." He saw the worried look on J.Jay's face. "Don't worry. I won't be out of total commission for a long time. After a couple weeks I hope to be able to at least deal with some emails and texts."

"Ok, not sure I'll be good without talking..."

"J.Jay, I trust you or I wouldn't have invited you here. Are you settled into the pool house?"

"Ya, it's the best place I have ever had." He smiled at Justin. "I can't believe it is all mine."

"If you need anything or if anything breaks, just let us know."

"Ok, but I can fix most anything."

"Great!  If you need anything, just talk to James. He will tell you where to find supplies or order what you need. And now, as much as I enjoy just shooting the shit with you, we better get busy." The two men each sat with their computers and worked silently.

 

Ronni walked across the drive and knocked on Em and James' door. Em opened the door with Amelia in his arms and a distressed look on his face. "Ronni, should you be out in the cold?"

"I have been in the cold for two minutes! Now give me my granddaughter and make tea for you and me."  

Em handed the crying baby to her grandma. "Hello my beauty. I knew your daddy needed a little break and I did too." Her soft cooing voice seemed to calm her right down. "Do you have plans tonight, Emmett?"

"Obviously we are not leaving Amelia. I hope we can have dinner while she is napping but that is all we will do." Em set the two cups of steaming tea on the table next to her and slowly lifted the now sleeping baby and laid her in the nearby bassinet.  

"Em, drink some tea. You are an amazing daddy. You are all adjusting. Amelia is adjusting to not being in my cramped belly and is out in this big scary world. You and James are still afraid she might break or that everything you do is wrong." She sipped her tea and then noticed he had put a platter of cookies on the table, too. "It has only been a couple weeks and it will all fall into place soon."

"Thank you, Ronni. I think I know that but I just... You walked in and she settled right down."

"My love, I have been taking care of babies, including your amazing husband, for over thirty years. You will all learn together."

"I'm glad you stopped by. What do you have planned with Dante?"

"We plan to get to know our granddaughter, giving you and James a few hours alone."

"Ronni, we can't do that to you? You and Dante deserve a romantic evening."

"Oh, Em, I'm not up to an evening out and, well, it will be several weeks before we can actually ‘celebrate' our love. It was Dante's idea. He loves this little one as much as I do. Just bring her over to our house anytime, and Dante will bring her back after her 10:00 pm bottle so she can go to sleep in her own bed."

"You don't know how much this means to me," Em said with a tear running down his cheek. "You know how much I love Amelia, but Jamesy and I haven't had any time for, well, anything. I can't even remember the last time we just talked. I don't know why I am crying."

"I'd say you have postpartum depression, in your own way. I have no doubt how much you love them but it is a change for everyone. You spend your day at home, having no one to talk to.  James is working in the city part of the time and the rest of the time he is busy around the estate. You need to make it a point to go up to the house. You can have coffee or tea and get a break from your solitude."

"So I'm having a normal reaction to all of this?"

Ronni stood up and kissed Em's cheek and then kissed the sleeping baby. Just text us when you are bringing her over and now you have several hours to make tonight special." Ronni slipped on her coat and looked back at Em, "Emmett Honeycutt Augustin, I know when we met, I didn't like the way you looked at my son, but now, now it thrills my heart. You are the only one that has made his heart sing." Without another word she walked out into the chilly winter air.

Emmett watched her walk across the drive and watched her enter her home safely. He then turned and looked at his kitchen and started planning for a new dessert. He was definitely hoping at least some of it would be eaten directly off of James' massive chest.

 

Brian and Justin met in the kitchen around noon. They fed the youngest two kids and played with them until it was time to put them down for a nap. Once they knew they were asleep, they started packing for their night away. Justin collected a couple things and kissed Brian's cheek.  "I will see you downstairs in two hours."

"Where are you going?" Brian asked as Justin moved to the door.

"Well, I am planning on an active evening and I need to take care of a couple things. And then I might take a nap."

"Sunshine, are you feeling alright?"

"Yes, my love. I just want tonight to be perfect and that takes a little work for us bottoms." Justin wiggled his ass at Brian as he walked out of the room.

Brian groaned out loud. "Fuck, he is so hot!"

 

It was 4:00 when Brian and Justin met in the kitchen. They each had a small bag with clothes and toiletries. They would be home about noon the next day so they didn't need much. Brian put his arms around Justin, "You look and," he took a deep breath, "smell amazing." Their lips met and as they kissed Brian bent him backwards pressing his pelvis tightly against Justin's thigh.

Charly walked in and cleared her throat. It wasn't like it was the first time she had seen her employers kissing, but damn, she was glad she and Connor were going to be alone tonight.  She realized she felt the need for him like Brian and Justin felt for each other. 

"Hey, Charly." Brian smiled at her over Justin's shoulder as he pulled Justin back to an upright position. "We are leaving now."

"Please tell Connor my mom and Tuck will be here in about an hour, 5:30 at the latest, and then the two of you are off until tomorrow morning."

"I do appreciate it. Connor and I will feed the kids and I made a special dinner for Jenn and Tuck to have after the kids are in bed."

"That was very nice of you, Charly." Justin smiled at her.

"It was no big deal. I just doubled what I had made for Connor and I. I will stick it in the oven before I leave and it will be done about the time the kids go down for the night."

"We hope you and Connor have a great night, too." Justin felt Brian's arm tightening around his waist and propelling him toward the garage door. He waved over his shoulder and they both left the house. Brian opened the back door of the car and threw both their bags on the seat. He then opened the passenger door, but before Justin got in, Brian kissed him again. "I love you, Sunshine." He took Justin's hand and helped him into the car before shutting the door.

"I didn't say anything in the house, partly because your lips seemed to be on mine most of the time but, you know how much I love you, right?"

"I have never figured out why, but yes, I know you love me as much as I love you." Brian reached over and brushed his knuckles on Justin's cheek. "You are stunning."

Justin reached for Brian's hand and held it in his own as they made the short drive to the B and B. "Do you have any idea if James and Em had plans tonight?" Brian asked.

"Ronni and Dante are taking Amelia for a few hours. They at least will have dinner alone."

"Want to make a bet if they make love or sleep?" Brian chuckled as they drove into the parking lot.

"My guess is they will do both. They love too much not to take advantage, but then they will sleep."

"I hope you don't plan to sleep much tonight." Brian said as he opened the car door. Justin got out and by the time he had pulled their bags out of the backseat, Brian was there to take his.

Brian led him to the main door, "No slipping me in the side door this time?" Justin smiled up at him.

"No, I want every man in this building to be jealous knowing you are with me."

Brian introduced Justin to the owners, Chad and Joe. "Brian, he is as breathtaking as you said." Turning to Justin, Joe continued, "Mr. Taylor, it is an honor to have someone as talented as you here."

"Justin, please. It is nice to meet both of you."

Chad continued, "We have you in the Suite Caress. It includes the tower room upstairs."

Brian nodded, "And what time will our dinner arrive at our room?"

"Since you said you wanted the later time, it should arrive sometime between 7:30 and 8:00 this evening," Chad responded.

"Perfect," Brian responded as he took Justin's hand.

Joe stepped up, "Follow me, gentlemen."

Once Joe had left the room, Justin looked around. He looked at the little dining room which was in the turret. Next, he walked into the bedroom and, after looking at the bathroom, noticing a soaking tub for two, he noticed a set of double doors near the bed. Brian wrapped his arms around him from behind. "What's behind those doors?" Justin asked as he leaned against Brian. 

"That's the toy closet, I believe." Brian started nuzzling Justin's neck, inhaling the scent that only Justin had.

"Um, shall we check it out before we take a bath in that amazing soaker in there?"

"Oh, I like the way you think. It has been a long time since we played with toys. It won't trigger a headache, will it?"

"To be honest, we can't push it too much. I don't want to ruin our night."

"Oh, Sunshine, if all I could do was hold you in my arms all night, just the two of us, it would be enough. Of course, I hope we can do more than that."

Justin turned and began to tug Brian's shirt off over his head. "I could use that tub." Justin ran his tongue around first one nipple and then the second. When Justin gently tugged on it with his teeth, Brian's body trembled.

"Damn," Brian said as he pulled at Justin's shirt. "WE need the tub." 

Minutes later the tub was filling with warm water and scented oil was added. They had continued undressing each other next to the tub as they stroked and kissed. By the time Brian got in and sat between Justin's legs, he sighed as Justin's arms came around him under his arms.

Justin whispered in Brian's ear, "No talking, just touching." Justin's wet hands glazed over Brian's skin. Justin dropped kisses along Brian's shoulders while Brian's hands ran up and down Justin's legs. Brian turned his head and Justin kissed him gently until Brian's hand reached back and increased the pressure, deepening the connection.

They both ended up on their knees facing each other. Neither was sure how they got in that position but they continued to stroke each other, sliding their wet skin against each other. Justin turned away from him and supported himself against the edge of the tub. Brian wrapped one arm around Justin's waist and with the other hand he guided his cock to Justin's bud. As Brian pushed inward, he pulled Justin's torso back to him, balancing himself with one hand on the side of the tub. It wasn't long before Justin arched as cum covered the tub in front of him and as he arched Brian trembled, orgasming himself.

They both clung to the side of the tub for a few moments until their breath returned to normal and then they both slid back under the water. This time they faced the other direction and Justin sat in front of Brian and it was Brian's turn to slide his hands across Justin's chest, and pulled him tightly against his. For the first time since they got in the tub, Brian whispered, "I love you, Sunshine. I don't think I could breathe without you. Don't leave me, EVER!"

"I'm not going anywhere." Justin shifted so the angle between them gave them better access to each other's mouths and they feasted.

 

Kevin stood at the door of Legacy. He watched a group of young adults decorating the activity room. He had posted the announcement about the threat but it obviously hadn't deterred anyone. He felt a heavy weight of responsibility. If anything happened to any of them he would feel so guilty. He knew Blake had leaned to closing the Center because of the danger, but he felt they had enough protection. A couple young patrolmen would be here in a few minutes and be part of the party, while another four volunteers would be posted around the grounds. If they only had an idea who was behind all of this and why.

"Are you Kevin?" a voice said beside him.

"I am."

"I'm here to help out. Carl told me about your problem. I'm all yours tonight."

"That is very kind of you. You didn't have anyone else to spend the night with?" Kevin asked the attractive young man."

"My wife had to work tonight. She's a doctor, and we both think what you are doing here is amazing. We met at a support group after our brothers had been injured in a bashing incident. We both give as much time as we can hoping to change attitudes."

"Can I ask about your brothers?"

"My brother killed her brother. He was trans and my brother, well..."

"My son-in-law was bashed about six years ago. He will be having his third brain surgery in a couple weeks. He is now the father of three with my son. He is the bravest man I have ever met."

"Kevin, if there is anything we can do... My wife would probably be happy to work out a schedule to help out here. She knows health care is expensive."

"Oh, thank you!" Kevin hugged the policeman. "We could really use that kind of help." He accepted a business card the man was offering. "I will be in touch."

"And I will start getting to know some of your friends." Kevin watched him walk away and tucked the card in his pocket.

 

Em had Amelia bundled up and was about to walk out the door with her when James opened the door. James had a bouquet of deep red roses in his hand. "I hope you aren't fleeing somewhere." James wrapped his free hand around Em and Amelia and kissed both of them, lingering on Emmett's lips.

"Your mother and Dante are watching Amelia until about 10:00 pm. If you want to walk her over I'll check dinner and pour us some wine."

"I'll be back in a few minutes." He kissed Emmett once more and then, tucking his daughter into his coat, he rushed out the door. Em smiled as they left before turning toward the bedroom and undressed. He took a bright red ribbon and tied it around his cock before going back to the kitchen and poured two glasses of wine.

 

Brian and Justin had eventually gotten out of the tub and slipped into robes. They sat on the sofa and relaxed as they talked about their week. They called Lindz and talked to Gus. He told them all about the party they had at school and about the dinner he was helping his mom make.  "Daddies, what are Aaron and Jessi doing?"

Justin smiled at Brian, "They are with Grandma and Tuck so I am sure they are just fine."

"Where are you?" Gus asked.

"Gus, your dads are just having a night away and I have my handsome boy with me. Let's say goodbye. You will see them Sunday."

"Bye, Gus, we love you," Brian said.

"Love you, Daddy and Daddy J."

Justin opened his mouth to ask Brian about Gus' custody but stopped himself. If Lindsay had been talking about it again, he didn't want to know about it tonight.

Brian set the phone down and put his arms tightly around Justin. "We should be getting dinner soon."

"Good, I could use a little something."

"Sunshine, you're feeling alright, aren't you?"

"I am but I know I have to be careful. I am so tired of always having to watch everything I do or don't do. Brian, what if this surgery doesn't..."

Brian cut him off with his lips. He pulled Justin onto his lap and as Justin faced him both of their robes opened and their cocks slid against each other. Soon Justin began to slowly move up and down a bit and as they both climaxed there was a soft knock on the door and a soft voice said, "Would you like me to set your dinner up or would you prefer to do it yourself?"

"Just leave it. We will take care of it." Brian said as Justin collapsed against him. They kissed once more and then they both got up. They quickly cleaned up and Justin opened the door and pulled the cart into the suite. As they sat and ate an amazing meal they talked about taking a month off to just get away.

"Brian, you know neither of us could be away from the kids that long."

"Yes, I do know that. I think two weeks would be perfect. Where do you want to go?

"I don't care. When are we going?"

"Well, what do you say to sometime in May?

"The end of May might work. I think if we go right after school, maybe Lindsay could take Gus at least a week of it and Ronni will be back by then. I guess I just have a hard time looking beyond March."

"And that is what you need to focus on. Do you still want to stay at Dad's at the beginning?"

"I can't be around the kids. I won't be able to function for a while so if he doesn't mind, I would love to stay there. He has such a calming personality."

"Of course he wants you there."

 

The party was in full swing. Ted and Blake were out on the dance floor mingling with the attendees and Kevin watched his new friend mingling, the policeman, chatting with different clusters.

"Kevin," a voice from the hall called him from the hall. He didn't recognize the voice but there were a lot of people helping tonight. He walked out the door and immediately was grabbed and dragged into a far corner of a nearby room. "This is your last warning. Close this place now or someone is going to get hurt worse than you are."  

As Kevin felt the first blow, he heard someone else calling his name but the voice sounded so far away as he slipped into blackness and whoever had hit him slipped away.

 

After Em had greeted James with his bow on they made love in the kitchen and then they sat down to eat a candlelit dinner. It had been the first totally relaxing meal they had eaten in a long while. "Now that Mom is starting to feel better, we are going to have date night at least a couple times a month."

"Oh, James, I love that idea. Do you think Ronni will be willing to do that?"

"Emmett, there may be a day we have to tell her to stop coming over so much. That is her granddaughter. You and I both spent a lot of time with our grandparents."

Em reached across the table and traced James' jaw, "She is a very lucky girl. Her dads are crazy about her and his grandmother loves her so much she nearly died for her."

"Has your dad booked a trip yet?"

"He hasn't, but he has shown interest. I think he'll come once it warms up a bit." Em stood up and reached out for James. "I have a dessert made for bed. It's all sweet and sticky."

"You're sweet and give me a few minutes and you will be sticky," James said as he jerked Em against him and kissed him deeply as he reached down and stroked him."

"Hell, who needs chocolate?" Em said as he pulled James to the bedroom.

 

Justin and Brian lay in bed. There was a scattered number of toys beside the bed but right now, they just lay there, exhausted and content. It was nearing midnight and they had lost track of how many times they had cum. Some of their love making was fast and hard and some was slow and sensual.  

Justin propped himself up on an elbow and looked at Brian, "Will you promise me something?"

"What, Sunshine?"

"If anything happens to me, you will...:"

"Nothing is going to happen to you!" Brian said gruffly.

Justin reached over and touched Brian's cheek, "You will need someone to raise the kids with.  Promise me you will find someone to love you like I do."

"No one could ever love me like you."

"Just say you won't stay alone."

Brian couldn't respond. Instead he turned his back to Justin and positioned his top leg so he was exposed. Justin wasn't going to push it, not right now. He positioned himself and slipped very slowly into Brian. When he had completely entered him he whispered into Brian's ear. "Just know, I want you to do what you need to do to be you. I love you, Brian." And after saying those words he began to move slowly but hard, slamming into him over and over until they cried out together and then both fell into a deep sleep.

 

"Kevin, can you hear me? Come on, buddy." Ted was gently patting his cheek when his eyes fluttered open.

"Just lay still, Kevin," Blake said from about a foot away. "We have help on its way."

"I'm fine, really. Just help me onto that chair." Blake and Ted helped Kevin onto the nearby chair.

"What happened?" Kevin heard the officer he spoke to earlier in the night ask.

"Do you think I could have a couple minutes? I need to collect my thoughts and then I will tell you everything I can remember."

 

Chapter 6 by Simply written

 

"I'm sorry, I forgot your name." Kevin said to the police officer.

"It's John. Can you remember what happened?"

"I heard someone in the hall calling me out, but as soon as I stepped into the hall, someone pulled me into this room." Kevin looked and realized who was standing around him. Blake, please take Ted back into the gathering. I don't want anyone to come looking for all of us." Blake and Ted looked at him but started to move toward the door. "And Ted, please don't call my son.  They need tonight." 

"I won't, Kevin. We'll check on you in a bit." Ted and Blake walked out of the room.

"John, I recognized the voice but I can't place it."

"Kevin, was it an older voice or a younger voice?"

"It wasn't one of the young kids but it wasn't someone older. I don't know how he got in. John, can you check with the outside patrol?"

"Are you okay, alone?"

"I'll be fine. I'll stay here."

"I'll send someone in to stay with you."

"I'm..."

"Kevin, someone just attacked you. I don't think you are up to fending someone off if they return." John walked out and one of the counselors that was attending the event came in and sat with him. John came back about ten minutes later. "Well, they did see someone run off. One of the security guys is reviewing the camera footage now. They felt the guy was late 20s or early 30s which fits what you said. Hopefully, he didn't notice the cameras."

"I want to go look at the footage." 

"I think you should go home and..."

"I am not going anywhere before I look at this."

Blake and Ted walked back into the room. "We are closing up for the night. Those that live off campus are being escorted to different areas of the city and those that live here have gone to the dorms." Blake filled Kevin in.

"How are you, Kevin?" Ted asked. "Would you like us to take you to Urgent Care?"

"No, I have a headache but I'm fine. I just want to get to my office so I can see the footage from the cameras." Ted walked over and helped him to his feet, letting him lean on him a little as they walked down the hall. The more steps he took the less shaky he got. He slipped behind his desk and started the computer and found the still shots he had been sent.  

"This has to be him but I didn't see him and, if I'm not mistaken, he knew where the original cameras were but he didn't know about the ones we added later." Kevin looked up at John, who was standing opposite of the chair he sat on. "John, I know you haven't been a part of the investigation but because he seems to know where some of the cameras are but not all, could he have worked for the construction crew that did the renovations?"

"That is a great thought," Carl said from the doorway. He walked over to Kevin, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Carl. You didn't need to leave your lovely wife on Valentine's Day."

"We were just heading home when I got the call. I dropped Debbie at the house and promised I would be back in 30 minutes." He raised his eyebrows a couple times."

Kevin smiled, "I'm fine and I doubt there is anything that can be done tonight. Can you tell the detective about my thoughts in the morning?"

"I will, Kevin."

"I know they looked at some of the guys from the contractor's crew, but I think they need to dig a little deeper. The guy was strong enough to drag me easily. Oh, and I think he was a little shorter than me. When I think about the angle he grabbed me and hit me, he was shorter than me. I would say somewhere between 5'10" and 6'."

"You're good at this, Kevin."

"I am used to being observant. It's part of my job."

"Kevin, why don't you let me drive you home?" Carl asked.

"Carl, we'll get him home safely and we'll stay just in case he feels worse."

"You really don't..." Kevin started.

"I'd lose my job if I didn't take care of you. Brian's already going to be pissed when he finds out I didn't call him." Ted smiled at Kevin.  

"Hey, Teddy, why don't you pull the car up close while I make sure everything is set here and we'll be out in a couple minutes." Ted kissed Blake and then walked out. Blake escorted Carl and John to the door and made sure everything was locked up before walking out to the car with Kevin.

 

James and Emmett lay in bed facing each other with their daughter between them. They had an amazing evening making love and romancing each other but now they felt more complete then they had when James was buried deep in Em. "We should put her in her bed," Em said softly, not wanting to wake her up.

James bent his head and kissed her forehead. "I was so worried I wouldn't know how to love her. Now I wonder if I love her too much." 

Emmett picked her up and, after kissing her warm cheek, he laid her down gently in the bassinet next to the bed. He then moved into James' waiting arms and he pulled him close. "Life really couldn't be better, could it?"

James kissed his neck, "It is perfect. Everything's perfect."

 

Justin woke early. He kept his eyes closed. He knew it would be one of those days. Lately it was ‘one of those days' far too often. As much as he didn't want to go through the recovery after the  surgery, if it helped him function, he would do anything. He slipped out of bed and slipped into the bathroom and shut the door. He didn't turn on the lights. It would just make him feel worse.  He filled the tub with water and poured some of the essential oils in it, hoping it would curb the worst of the pain. He didn't want to take the heavy duty pain killers or he would be out for the day. He sank into the hot water and laid his head back against the cushioned lip of the tub. 

He wasn't sure how long he had laid there when he felt hands on his head, gently rubbing his temples. Brian kissed his head but didn't say anything. Justin relaxed as Brian massaged the spots that seemed to help his pain. 

After several minutes Justin reached up and took his hands. "Join me?"

Softly Brian responded, "I don't have to if you need to be alone."

"Let's be alone together." Justin said and slid forward so Brian could enter behind him and he felt Brian's arms come around him. They laid there together in the heated water for half an hour more not saying a word. 

Finally, Brian said softly, "The sun is up and I am guessing our breakfast will be here very soon."

"You go eat. I'll get out and dry off after you get out."

"You need to try to eat something." Brian hated when he had days like this and he felt guilty because all their activity last night didn't help, he was sure.

"I'll eat a little something." By now Brian had gotten out and he offered his hand to Justin who reluctantly got out, knowing Brian wouldn't leave without him now. Brian helped him dry off and then slid a robe over his shoulders. Brian brought breakfast in from the hall and put some toast and a little jam on it and then passed it onto Justin along with a cup of hot tea.

Mornings like this had become very common. Brian filled a plate for himself and sat down next to him and just waited for Justin to talk. He hadn't told Justin yet but he had taken off the first two weeks of March so he could be with him. Even if all he could do was look at him, he wanted to be there.

"Brian can you get me my medication? It just isn't relenting."

"Of course, Sunshine." Brian came back with a couple pills. Justin picked up one but Brian moved his hand closer to him and he picked up the second one. "Gus isn't going to be around so he won't be worried. You can stay on the sectional and if you are up to it you can play with Aaron and Jessi a bit. I think Ronni is going to be here for a couple hours, too. You know if you don't stay on top of it, it will only get worse."

Justin lay down, putting his head in Brian's lap. "Just let me shut my eyes for a few minutes.  Then we can head home."

Brian ran his fingers through Justin's hair. He knew there was risk with every surgery but they had been assured that although it was a risky procedure, he didn't expect any problems and it should take care of the severe headaches. Brian had checked other doctors throughout the country and he had been assured Justin's was one of the best. He looked down at Justin's face and saw it was relaxed. The medication had worked on the pain, but he was also going to be out of it. Brian smiled. Sometimes it reminded him of when he first met him and he would get drunk. He was so young and inexperienced and yet Brian knew Justin was what he needed. When he had been told Justin had died, it crushed him, but soon, maybe just wishful thinking, he ‘felt' him. He was sure Justin was still with him. He was so obsessed at one point he actually wondered if he was going mad.

As Justin stirred, he smiled up at Brian. "What time is it?"

"About 10:00."

"What time do we have to leave?"

"In an hour."

Before Brian realized he had done it, Justin had unzipped his fly and taken him into his warm, greedy mouth. Brian sucked in a deep breath as Justin brought him to the edge and then over it. Brian cried out as Justin's tongue continued to work its magic. Finally Justin sat up and grinned at Brian. "I needed a good nourishing breakfast."

Brian smiled, "I think you are a little high on painkillers, not that I am complaining." Brian kissed him. "Let's head home. We can have lunch with the kids and we both know you will crash mid-afternoon."

"I'm sorry, Brian. I am such a burden on you."

Brian was standing near him and took both his shoulders, looking him straight in the eyes, "Sunshine, none of this is your fault. It is Hobbs and your father's fault." Brian kissed him. "Let's go home." 

Brian carried their bags out with Justin on his arm. He had just thrown the bags in back and was helping Justin into his seat when his cell phone went off. He read it as he walked around the outside of the car and then got in. "Change of plans if you think you are up to it."

Justin smiled at him, "What's up?" His words slurred a bit.

"Never mind. I need to get you home."

"Bri, what is it?"

"My dad was attacked last night. Ted says he's fine, though."

"Tell Ted to drive him to our place. The kids would love to see him and we can keep an eye on him."

"Even high you are smarter than I am." Brian kissed him quickly and then called Kevin's phone.

"Son, I am fine. I have a small bump on my head and it gave us a lead as to who might be behind all this."

"Dad, let Ted drive you out here. Aaron and Jessi would love to see you and if you stay until Gus gets back I am sure Lindsay would drive you back. If not, we will drive you back tomorrow.  You'd be helping us out too. Justin had to take his pain meds today so he'll need to relax."

"Alright, I don't believe all of that but I'd love to see the kids."

"We'll see you in about half an hour."

"Love you, Brian. Thank you for the invitation."

"I love you, too, Dad. You know you are always welcome."

 

An hour later, Aaron was on Kevin's lap while Jessi sat in the high chair between Brian and Justin. Kevin was telling Brian and Justin about the attack. "Thankfully, he was scared off before he could hit me again and I have a bit of a memory of the guy. I can't be sure but I think he worked on the renovation crew. He was built like someone in construction and he knew things about the building."

"I'm just glad you weren't hurt worse," Justin said and patted his shoulder.  

Both Brian and Kevin noticed Justin was slurring his words a bit. "Sunshine, I think you need to lay down soon. You're getting tired aren't you?"

"Let me help put the kids down and then I'll lay down."

"Daddy, sleep with me?" Aaron said. 

"If you promise to sleep we can sleep in Gus' bed together."

"Yeah!" Aaron shouted and Justin cringed a bit. 

"Hey, bud, your daddy's head hurts a little. How about we use our soft voices?" Kevin snuggled him close and kissed the boy's head.

Aaron looked at Justin  "Sorry, Daddy," he said softly. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Aaron."

"Dada, up." Jessi said, reaching out to Justin.

"Come here, sweetie," Brian lifted their daughter out of her chair. "Let's get those sticky hands washed off." Brian carried her to the kitchen sink and set her on the counter and started the water so she could hold them under the flowing water. She giggled when Brian flicked just a couple of drops of water on her. She then reached over and caught the water just right, sending a shower of water over Brian. Brian scooped her up and held her tight. "You silly girl. I love you so much." Her arms went around his neck and she gave him a sloppy kiss on the lips. 

"Dada." Her voice was filled with love.

"Let's get you down for a nap and Grandpa will be here when you wake up." The three men and two little ones went upstairs. Justin and Aaron laid down on Gus' bed. Kevin kissed both of them and then crossed the hall and kissed Jessi before Brian and Kevin closed the door to the nursery. Brian hugged his father as he felt tears well up in his eyes.

"Brian, is something wrong?"

"Dad, I never knew life could be like this. Damn, that little girl in there is going to get away with murder. That look of total trust she gives me and her personality is already flooding out of her, and sweet Aaron, he immediately felt bad for Sunshine. And you, here, loving them..."

Kevin pulled Brian into his embrace. "I am so sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me."

"That was not your fault. And you are here now." Brian stepped back. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. I told you I was fine."

"Are they going to set up more security?"

"I don't want them to but of course it is not just up to me."

"But Dad..."

"Adding security is just what most of our clients try to stay away from. I don't want this person to actually affect what we are trying to do here."

"What can we do then?"

"Well, I'm praying. And the detective is checking if any of the workmen has a connection to someone in our community."

"If I can do anything..."

"I know, Brian. Now, I'm not going to nap but how about we make some coffee and sit by the fire." Brian nodded and draped an arm over his father's shoulders as they walked downstairs.

After making coffee, Brian and Kevin sat at the corner of the sectional in front of the fire. "Brian,I know how worried you are about Justin but there is no way that young man will leave you, leave his kids."

"I know. It will be a rough few weeks. Are you sure you don't mind if we stay at your place for a couple weeks?"

"We? I thought it would just be Justin, not that I care."

"I know I need to see my kids every day but I am thinking, at least some of the nights I will come back to be with Justin."

"That sounds like a good plan. I know surgery can change someone's mood."

Brian had to laugh, "I know you can handle it, but Justin's demeanor will definitely change. He will definitely have days when he will crawl into his own place and then we just have to play it by ear whether it is time to push him or hold him. Jenn will be spending some days with him."

"Brian, we will all work together. If you want me to sleep here some nights I can, too."

Charly came into the house and started dinner while Brian ran down to James and Emmett's place to talk to him about security and Kevin closed his eyes for a few minutes.

 

Justin opened his eyes to find Aaron watching him. "Daddy," Aaron said quietly and then he kissed his cheek. "Daddy, head hurt?"

"Not right now, my love." Justin looked into eyes, so like his own and pulled the boy to him. The little boy snuggled up to him.

"Daddy, love you."

"Oh, I love you, too." Aaron tilted his face to Justin who kissed him. Justin softly said, "You are such a sweetheart." They laid together for a few more minutes. 

"Can we get up, Daddy? I sleep enough? Can I find Papa?"

Justin smiled, "Yes, just go down the steps on your bottom so you don't fall."

"K, Daddy," Aaron slipped off the bed and opened the door to the hall.  

Justin sat up. He felt like he had a bit of a hangover but it wasn't very painful. He stood up and walked over to the nursery where he found Jessi playing in her crib.

"Dada!" she smiled over at him.

"Come here, love."

 

Brian arrived back at the house and Kevin was giving Aaron a little snack Charly had gotten for him. He waved at them and then moved upstairs. The door to the boys room was standing open so Brian moved on to the nursery. Justin was changing Jessi's diaper when he walked in. He moved up behind him and placed his hand on either side of Justin, resting on the changing table. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I drank too much last night. I'm left with a slight headache but not the kind that holds me prisoner." He tilted his head giving Brian access to his neck. 

"I'm glad you feel better. I dropped in to talk to James and invited them to join us for dinner. And since they were coming I asked Ronni and Dante, too, and J Jay. If you aren't up to it I can call..."

"No, that's fine. They will understand if I am quiet and I enjoy their company and would love to see Amelia. What are we having?"

"Charly is throwing together some pasta and a couple sauces. Connor is making a salad and Ronni said she had all kinds of ice cream in the freezer from pregnancy craving that she would bring so she could get rid of it."      

"Well, we obviously have plenty to eat." Justin lifted Jessi off the changing table and Brian took her from him. "You did see Aaron downstairs, didn't you?"

"Yes, Dad was giving him a snack."

"Is Kevin still doing Ok?"

"Ya, other than the slight bruise, he is just fine." 

"Well, I think this child is ready for a snack, considering she is gnawing on your shirt collar." Justin said, pulling the material out of her mouth.

 

The evening was full of friends and fun. James and Emmett were closer than ever and Ronni spent most of the night snuggling her granddaughter when she could get her away from Dante. As the evening went on Aaron climbed onto Brian's lap. "Hey, bud, what's up?"

"I miss Gus. He come home tonight?" Aaron asked.

"Gus will be back tomorrow. But we are lucky to have Grandpa here."

"Papa sleep in my room?"

"Is that an offer, Aaron?" He saw the confusion on Aaron's face. "Would you like me to sleep in Gus' bed?" Aaron nodded rapidly. "I would gladly sleep in your room." Aaron scrambled from Brian's lap to Kevin's.

Justin managed to get to hold Amelia when Dante insisted Ronni go home. He was leaving town on business in the morning and wanted a little time with her alone. After Charly, Connor, and Shadow started the dishwasher, they left.  

J.Jay hadn't said more than thank you all night but he still hung out for some time. Eventually he got up and put on his jacket. Justin walked over to him and put his arm around his shoulders.  "Is everything alright, J.Jay? You're not sorry you came up here, are you?"

"No, not at all," he said softly. "I haven't had a home like this, well, ever." To Justin's surprise, J.Jay hugged him and then he ran out the door.

Brian walked over and placed his arm around Justin's waist, "What was that all about?" 

"I don't know what his childhood was like, but I can tell you it wasn't good. He feels at home here."

Brian kissed him, "You make a home for anyone you meet."

"I just can't see people like J.Jay floundering because others don't understand them. I'm glad he feels at home." Justin walked over to Kevin who held a fussy Jessi. "Let me have her, Dad. I think she and I are ready for bed."

"I'll get her bottle ready," Brian said. Moments later Brian handed him her bottle. "We'll bring Aaron up in a little bit."

"Don't be long. You know I hate to sleep alone." Justin kissed Brian's cheek.

"I won't be long, I promise."

Half an hour later, Brian walked into the bedroom. Justin was obviously asleep, so Brian silently undressed and got in bed, trying not to disturb him but as soon as his head rested on the pillow, Justin rolled over and into his arms. "Goodnight, Sunshine."

"Love you, Brian."

 

It was about 4:00 am when there was a knock on the bedroom door. "What the hell?" Brian said.  "Come in."

"What is it Brian?" Justin sat up. 

"Sorry, guys, but I thought you would want to know. "Sally and Brandy had their baby about an hour ago." Kevin's excitement was obvious. "Now I have two grandsons and two granddaughters!" 

Brian got out of bed and patted Kevin on the back. "When are you leaving?"

"I don't think I can leave right now. Until we get the situation and Legacy solved, I won't leave."

"Well, then we need to get this solved because my sisters will kill me if you don't get down there in the next month."

Justin laid back down, "Oh, Justin, I shouldn't have come in. You need your sleep."

"Of course you should have told us. This is excitement for the whole family! I'm afraid I just can't show my enthusiasm right now."

Kevin walked over and kissed Justin, pulling the blanket up to his chin. "We will do a video call tomorrow so we can see all of them."

"I can't wait," Justin said as he drifted off again.

"Dad, if you don't want to sleep with Aaron, he'll never know."

"I don't mind at all. He is such a sweetheart." Kevin smiled at Brian.

"He is truly Justin's blood." Brian smiled as he got back in bed and Kevin closed the door behind him.

 

The next day was relaxing and exciting. They had texted Brandy and set up a video call for 3:00 so Gus would be home to join them. When Gus arrived just before 3:00 he was so excited to hear about his new cousin. They were going to give Kevin and the girls a few minutes alone before the rest of them joined in. 

Lindsay was going to drive Kevin back to the city after dinner but while the call was going on she went to visit Emmett and James. She hadn't seen Amelia much yet and that way she wouldn't be in the way when the video call was going on.

Kevin was choked up as soon as he saw Sally, Brandy, and the baby. "Oh, girls, she is so beautiful."

"Father Kev, we wish you could be here but we understand. Will you come soon?"

"I will. It might be a couple months. Justin's surgery is coming up soon and I want to be sure everything is going well before I will come down."

"We understand, Kev. This little girl is strong and healthy. You are welcome to come any time."

That was the end of the private conversation. Gus and Aaron rushed in and Brian and Justin came in with Jessi in Brian's arms and everyone saw a great view of the baby.

"What did you name her?" Justin asked.

"Oh, I didn't even think to ask. She was so beautiful," Kevin smiled.

"Well, we talked about names for a long time and it kept coming back to the same name. Father Kevin, her name is Kelin Cae. We couldn't name her Kevin Cain." Sally smiled as she saw tears run down Kevin's cheeks.

"Oh, girls, I am so honored."

They chatted a few more minutes before Kelin started fussing and a nurse walked into their room. They all said goodbye.

Justin put an arm around Kevin. "That was really sweet of them and well deserved."

"The only thing that would make my life perfect is if we could solve the issue at Legacy."

 

After an early dinner, after a long goodbye with everyone, Kevin and Lindsay headed back to the city while Brian and Justin bathed the kids and got them ready for an early night. They watched a favorite movie and then it was time to put the kids to bed.

Brian and Justin got in bed and Brian turned to face him. "Are you up to ...."

Justin straddled Brian and leaned over to kiss him. He then started moving his mouth along Brian's collar bone and then started to move slowly down Brian's' chest. As he moved downward, Justin felt Brian's erect cock. After a little positioning, Justin slid down onto the rigid phallus. As he moved up and down slowly, Justin went into what almost seemed like a trance.  Brian laced his fingers with Justin's and when Justin climaxed, contracting around Brian, they tumbled into bliss together.

 

Chapter 7 by Simply written

 

The day before Justin's surgery he reviewed everything with J.Jay. He was sure everything with the business would be fine and he looked forward to getting to know all the new contacts J.Jay was making. If all went well, he might even have a building added to the property and have what some would call an artist commune. He might actually check into starting a school. 

Both Brian and Justin had been talking to Gus, trying to tell him why his daddy would be gone for a while. He said he understood but they weren't sure he actually did. At least Ronni would be coming most evenings and Gabbi was coming in during the day. Connor, Charly, and Shadow said they would stay at the house, anytime it was needed. Em said he would come if they needed him, too. Amelia was at the age she could adapt no matter where she was.  

Justin put all the kids to bed and then he went to his own room and looked through the bag that was going to the hospital with him. He added a couple small things and when Brian walked up behind him and wrapped his arms around his chest, Justin relaxed against him. "I think it is time for you to go to bed," suggested Brian.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep."

"Do you want to take a bath or a shower?"

"Maybe a bath and a joint?"

"Is that safe?"

"No, I looked it up a bit ago. I just need to be distracted somehow, and they did say I should take an extra painkiller tonight so I will sleep. Connor is in the house, right?" 

"Yes, he has the monitors for both bedrooms."

Justin turned and put his arms around Brian's neck. "You start the water and I'll take my pills?"

"Don't be long. I'll start the jets and add some of that essential oil you like."

"That sounds perfect," Justin kissed him lightly and walked to the night stand to get his pills. As Justin took the medication, he realized he probably had less than an hour before he fell asleep. He knew what he wanted to do during that time. He undressed and put on his robe before going into the bathroom.

Brian had the tub nearly full of warm water shooting through the jets of the tub. Brian offered him a hand as he got into the tub and then he slipped in behind him. He just wanted to hold him until he was nearly asleep and then get him to bed and hoped he slept. Brian was sure he wouldn't sleep at all. 

"Brian, will you love me?"

"Fuck, Sunshine, I always love you."

"You know that's not what I meant." Justin turned to face him and wrapped his legs around Brian's waist. Using his arms he lifted himself up and then Brian helped position his cock as Justin lowered himself onto it. Once he was sitting on Brian's thighs he began to rock very gently, kissing Brian with each movement. They both were soon rock hard and rather than quick kisses it had deepened into pure passion.  

"Oh, god," Brian's head dropped back and he cried out as he lost control. Justin dropped forward on top of Brian's chest without a sound. "Sunshine, you alright?"

"I love you, Brian Kinney. And right now, I need you to help me to bed." His speech was slurred and Brian knew he would be asleep in a few minutes. He helped him out of the tub and dried him off before guiding Justin to bed and, after helping him get into some boxers, he helped him lay down and covered him with the thick blankets. He then got in bed behind him. He wrapped his arm around him and listened to his breathing.

 

At 5:00 Brian got up. He didn't think he had slept more than a couple minutes at a time all night. He showered and dressed and then, with Justin still drugged from the night before, he helped Justin dress and combed his hair before he helped him walk to the door with Justin's bag over his shoulder. He was happy when Connor met him in the hall.

"Why don't you let me help him down the stairs and you take the bag to the car and get it started."

"Thanks, Connor. You know you don't have to help. The kids are..."

"The kids are fine. Charly is still next to the monitor."

"Go, babe," Justin said, slurring his words slightly. "Connor has me and he is cute!" 

Connor laughed softly, "Thanks, Justin, but I know you only have eyes for Brian."

"And you love Charly."

"Yes, I really do." Connor said it as if he was just realizing that.

Justin and Connor made it to the family room as Brian came back in from the garage. Connor and Brian managed to get his coat on him and then Justin looked at Connor. "Take care of my kids."

"Of course I will. Don't worry. I know Gus will go to school today and then his mother will have him for a few days. Your mom is going to be in contact if I need anything. Don't worry, Justin.  We will take care of your kids."

"Thank you!" Justin hugged him tightly.

"Time to go Sunshine. Connor, I've got him from here. Thank you for everything."

"No problem. Please let us know when he is out of surgery."

"I will. It won't be until later in the afternoon. Jenn or I will contact you. She is meeting us there." Saying that, Brian helped Justin out the door and Connor shut it behind them.

 

The ride to the hospital was silent until the last ten minutes. Justin had dozed most of the way but now he was waking up. "Brian, we have everything covered, right?"

"Sunshine, you have everything ready," Brian spoke softly as he reached over and stroked his cheek.

"Brian if something happens to me, if I'm not me anymore..."

"Justin, you will always be you. And I will be your husband and we will parent our children and..." Brian's voice cracked. "You are going to come back just the same except no more headaches."

This time Justin reached over and took Brian's hand. "I would never leave you and the kids without a fight." Brian squeezed his hand before bringing it back to the steering wheel as he slowed and then turned onto the hospital campus. Brian parked as close as he could to the entrance and then he got out of the car and slung Justin's bag over his shoulder. He hesitated a second and took a deep breath. It would be a very long day. It would be a very long month. He walked around the car and opened Justin's door, offering his hand. He stood and wrapped his arms around Brian's neck. "I love you, Brian Kinney." He stepped closer and pressed his body against him. Brian dropped his head and Justin claimed his lips. It started very sweetly but as they continued the pressure increased and the need for more grew.

"We better go in," Brian said as he put a little space between them but still kept an arm around his waist. Together they entered the building. They signed in and were led to a pre-surgery waiting room. They had only waited a few minutes when Justin's name was called. Justin hesitated. Brian stood and reached out for him with both hands. 

Justin started to stand up but sat back down. Brian looked toward the nurse waiting for them and held up his hand showing five fingers and mouthed the word minutes. She nodded and walked back through the door. He sat next to him and gently took his hand. 

"I just couldn't move. I just think about him and how he took me away from you."

"Sunshine, I promise not to leave your side. Unless you are in surgery, someone will be at your side." Brian stood and this time Justin took his offered hand. Brian's arm went around his waist and propelled him gently to the door. "If I'm not with you, your mom will be here or Kevin. I have given the front desk a picture of him so he shouldn't be able to get in."

"You really did that?"

"Your father is never going to be alone with you." 

By now the nurse escorted them in the small room he would be in until his surgery. There were three walls and a curtain to the hall. Brian helped Justin undress and put on his small gown, open in the back. He pressed against Justin from behind.  "I think we need to take one of these home when you get out of here." He kissed the curve of his neck and along his shoulder.  "Now get in bed."

The next 45 minutes techs were in and out of the semi-structured room. Brian kissed him and held his hand as they shaved his head and when they hooked him up to an IV. "I'm sorry I am such a wuss."

"You are the bravest man I know and I am so proud of you. You have gone through so much and you still live your life to the fullest and make all our lives better." Brian kissed him. "I love you, Sunshine." With that Justin disappeared through double doors.

Brian stood there until the aide next to him spoke, "Sir, he is in very good hands. Let me take you to the waiting room. They will keep you updated at least once an hour." The young woman looked up into Brian's beautiful face. She gently touched his elbow and Brian jumped. "Sir?"

Brian looked down at her. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"I'll take you to the waiting room." Brian now walked with her and she repeated what she had said to him earlier. 

When they entered the room it was divided up into small sitting areas. "Thanks," Brian said to the young woman who couldn't stop staring at him. As she sputtered something, she walked away.

"Brian, how is he?" Jennifer rushed over and Brian enfolded her in his arms. "I wanted to see him but there was an accident and by the time I found parking and got in here they said he was going to be moved in just minutes."

Brian kissed the top of her head, "Jenn, he was fine. A little nervous, of course. I need you more than he does," Brian led her to a couple chairs out of the way and they sat together. "He is so brave. Fuck, I could never go through what he has gone through." 

Jenn took his hand and squeezed it. "I don't know if you realize this but he wouldn't be here without you. You saved him."

"I may have found him, but he saved himself." Brian slipped an arm around her shoulder and she dropped her head onto it. "They said they would update us about once an hour."

"And how long is it supposed to last?"

"The surgeon hoped for about four hours, but it could be six or even more."

"Would you like to get some coffee?" Jenn asked after they had their first report. "I can stay here."

"Can I get you one? Something to eat?"

"You know how I like my coffee. If something looks good grab it. I doubt I could eat but..."

"I'll be back soon," Brian said as he walked toward the cafe.

"No rush. Take a short walk. It's going to be a long day," Jenn said as he walked away.

Brian went outside. He hadn't smoked since they got married but he had picked up a pack of cigarettes a few days earlier and he now took one out between his lips and, after lighting it he took a deep breath. He coughed. He looked at the glowing stick and this time he took a small drag. He sat on a bench in a small park area designated for smoking and let his mind wander.

"Excuse me," came a voice. "You wouldn't happen to have another one of those?" he pointed to the cigarette. Brian shook one out of the pack and the young man took it. "Mind if I sit here?"

"No problem, I don't plan to be here long." The men smoked in silence for a few minutes and when Brian glanced at him there was devastation on his face. Knowing this wasn't his thing he took a breath and said, "Who's here?"

"My brother... no, sister."

"You don't know if you have a brother or a sister?"

"You probably aren't interested in my family issues. Most people don't understand."

Brian thought for a second, "Brother? Sister? Trans?"

The young man looked surprised. "Ya, how..."

"What happened?"

"She tried to kill herself. Or that is what she told us. She'd also been beaten up lately. I just got into town and, well... "

Brian stood, "I'm sorry, I have to go but..." Brian pulled out his wallet and found Kevin's business card. "My dad runs this place in town. Call them. Tell them about your sister. I am sure they can help her." He handed it to the guy. "Tell them Brian told you to call. Someone will come talk to her before she leaves." With that Brian walked away without another word. He grabbed a couple muffins and coffees and rushed back to Jenn.  

"I was starting to worry. Everything alright?" she asked as she took the coffee Brian offered.

"I went out for fresh air and ended up talking to a guy for a few minutes."

"Did you get the cigarette from him?"

Brian smiled, "Actually he bummed one from me. And no, I haven't started smoking again. I just knew I would need something to do."  

The day crept on. They got a second report and were told everything was going as expected. The day drug on. When Kevin arrived, Jenn ran an errand to get away for a few minutes. "Dad, as a priest, people talk to you." Brian told Kevin about the woman who was in the hospital. "I think, when she wakes, she will need someone to talk to and so could her brother."

"I will find out her name before I leave and drop by her room."

"Thanks, Dad."

"Now, tell me what you're thinking." Kevin draped his arm around his son.

"I keep seeing Sunshine laying on that table with part of his skull in the doctor's hand. If this doesn't help, what will we do?"

"You will love each other. You will love your kids. We will all be there for you but, I've been talking to my boss all day and I feel assured He has been listening."

"Thanks, I can't remember the last time I had a conversation with him and at this point he probably wouldn't be interested in listening."

"Oh, Brian, I am really sorry I wasn't around."

"It doesn't have anything to do with you. I just ... " Brian's head dropped onto Kevin's shoulder for just a second and then he raised it again. "I'm glad you're here now."

"So am I, Brian."

 

The fourth hour had come and gone with no update and when Brian started to walk to the desk, he saw the surgeon walk into the room and move toward the small group. Brian took Jenn's hand and Kevin put his arm around Brian's waist.

"Justin?" Brian asked.

"It went well. I found the area that we showed you on the scan and I smoothed off the extra growth that had occurred on the original injury and I feel this is going to help immensely. As we discussed, his brain is injured and he will still get more headaches than you and I but I wouldn't expect him to have the debilitating pain he has had."

"When can I see him?"

"It will be about an hour." The surgeon looked at Kevin, "I suggest you get something to eat and then, when you come back, he should be in his room."

"Thank you, sir." Kevin said to the doctor. "We are very grateful."

"You're welcome. It's just my job and I need to finish a few things before I will go home for the day." He turned and headed down the hall.

Kevin excused himself. He went to see what he could find out about the young woman Brian told him about while Brian and Jenn walked to a nearby cafe next to the hospital. They ordered a sandwich for Kevin along with meals for themselves.

"Jenn, if you want to go home, I'll let Sunshine know you were here. He isn't going to be alert tonight anyway. It will probably be a couple days before they will take him off all sedation. They want his brain to rest and you know it isn't going to be pretty. His face is going to be bruised and swollen. I'll let you know when they are going to let him wake up."

"I think I will go home. I will spend the night with Tuck and I will return in the morning so you can have a break. If you need anything please give me a call."

"Thanks, Jenn. Em and James are coming by this evening so if I need something they will bring it."

"Brian, can you tell him I love him, even if he isn't awake?"

"Of course I will." He kissed her cheek.

"Brian, I love you, too. There is no one else that would make him happy."

"Love you, too, Jenn."

Brian paid for their meals and carried Kevin's sandwich, he walked Jenn to her car and watched her drive away. He slowly walked back into the hospital and was told Justin's room number.  He wondered where his dad was but he knew he would show up sometime. As he came off the elevator he nearly ran into Kevin. "Oh," was all Brian said and handed him the container with his sandwich. He then added, "Thought you needed something to eat."

"Thanks, Brian, I could use something."

"Have you seen him yet?"

"I have. I won't lie, he looks rough, but everyone says he is doing well. Why don't I go in with you?"

"No Dad, thanks, but I need to see him alone." 

"I'll go to the waiting room to eat my sandwich. I'll stop by his room before I leave. By the way, Brian, I couldn't talk to the young woman but I did talk to her brother. I will check on them again tomorrow when I come back to see Justin."

"I'm glad I could direct you to them."

Kevin saw Brian looking toward Justin's room. "Go to him." and with that Kevin moved down the hall.

Brian took a deep breath before entering his room. The room was located right outside the nurses station and as Brian walked into the room and moved toward the bed, he barely recognized Justin. Brian took his hand and bent to kiss his swollen cheek. "I'm here, Sunshine.  I sent your mom home but she wanted me to tell you how much she loves you."

The door opened and a young man stepped in. "Oh, I didn't see you come in. I am Henry. I will be Justin's night nurse most of the time he is here. Are you Brian?"

"I am."

"Justin's brain function changed so I was checking on him. He knows you are here and it is a really good sign that he recognizes your presence." Henry said with a soft tone, not wanting to disturb Justin.

"But he is totally under." Brian followed suit with a quiet voice.

"I am guessing you two have an unusually close bond."

"He is my life and has been for many years."

"I hope you don't think I am some weird stalker type but I was in nursing school when he had been bashed. I was also there when word came he had ‘died'. I never believed it but I was only a student and was told I was too inexperienced to know anything. I followed the trial. I wish his jerk of a father had gotten longer." Henry looked up at Brian. "I'll let you have time with him. If you need me I will be at the nurses' station."

Brian nodded at him and turned his focus to Justin. "Hey, Sunshine, I talked to the kids earlier.  Aaron jabbered away and then Jessi said a couple words to me. Gus and Lindz were visiting her parents so I didn't get to talk to him for long." 

The door opened and Kevin walked in. "I need to go. Something is going on at Legacy. Nothing serious, just a paperwork snafu but I said I'd stop by on my way home."

"I'll be fine, Dad."

"Call me if anything happens. I am only ten minutes away." Kevin hugged him tightly.   

Brian's arms tightened around him. "Thanks for being here today."

"I wouldn't have been anywhere else. I love you, son. Call me if you need anything."

"I will, and I love you, too, Dad." And then he was alone with Justin. He sat on a chair next to the bed and held Justin's hand. He talked to him for the next half hour and then his head dropped on the bed and he napped. 

"Brian?" a voice said nearby.

Brian sat up in surprise. "Oh, Em, James. I guess I fell asleep. What time is it?"

"It is time for James to take you out for an early dinner and I will sit by your Sunshine." Emmett hugged Brian. "How is he doing?"

"They have him sedated so he hasn't talked yet."

"His poor head," Em said softly. "Well, honey, I'm letting my husband take your husband out for dinner so we can talk about how beautiful they both are." Emmett waved James and Brian out of the door as he sat down in the chair Brian had vacated and he took Justin's hand.

James and Brian got on the elevator and as the doors shut, Brian started to stop them but James stopped him, "Brian, you need to get away and you need to eat."

"I just don't want to be away from him."

"Well, then we will eat in the hospital cafeteria. Em will text us if anything happens and we can be up there in less than five minutes."

"OK, you're right. I am sure I need a break."

After picking up their food they found a table in a corner. "How did the surgery go?"

"Everything went as planned and they say his brain waves are good."

"Why is he still sleeping?" James asked, concerned.

"They want his body to stay inactive for a day or two."

"That makes sense. And now for a lighter note, Aaron was so cute when he was talking to you."

"I love that kid. I love all my kids, but I think it is his age and the fact that he looks so much like Sunshine... he melts my heart. Of course, then there is Jessi, who is growing far too quickly and, well, Gus is smarter than I am in so many ways."

James smiled in a knowing way. "I can totally understand now that I am a father. I would give my life for Amelia. When she smiles at me, and I'm not sure she is old enough to really smile, but I feel the hold she has on my heart and when I see something that reminds me of Em or even myself, I know we made this little girl with the help of Mom."

Brian had to smile. James' love for his family was so obvious. "I am glad you and Em are so happy." 

"I feel like I should thank you. You gave me a job and then introduced us."

"That was more Sunshine than me. He encouraged Em to talk to you and it was so obvious you connected." Brian was finishing his meal and James could tell he was  ready to go back to Justin's room.

"Brian, is there anything I can do for you?"

"James, take Em home and cuddle Amelia and then make love to your husband." Brian stood and so did James.

"I will and I will keep an eye on the estate while you're gone."

"I have no doubt you will."

 

When Brian and James walked into Justin's room, Em was holding a full conversation with him. "Oh, we were just talking about the two of you." Emmett stood up and walked over to James, kissing him. "We decided we wanted to keep the two of you." He reached over and patted Brian's face. "Although I don't know how he puts up with you." Em smiled at Brian. 

Brian scowled for a second and then kissed Emmett's cheek. "Thanks for coming. Now, get out of here and pick up Amelia. We'll be fine. I'm staying here until he wakes up for the first time."

"Let us know if you need anything." James guided Emmett toward the door. "And let us know if you want us to visit tomorrow night."

Brian watched them leave and then sat down to take Justin's hand.

 

It was three days later when the doctor let Brian know they were going to lighten up on the sedation. "Brian, you have been here for three days. Please go home, sleep a bit, and clean up.  We will start lightening up the meds about 5:00. He won't wake up for a couple hours if not longer. Sometimes it takes 24 hours for them to come completely out of it, depending on how the brain adjusts."

"I was planning on staying until he came out of it."

"Brian, if he sees you looking like this, do you think it will make him comfortable?"

He ran a hand through his hair, "You're right. I'll be back by 5:00. I'll just say goodbye and then leave."

"Take your time. He'll be waiting."

Once the doctor left he moved back to Justin's side and picked up Justin's hand and kissed it.  "Sunshine, I'm going to see the kids but I will be back soon. I love you. I'll see those beautiful eyes soon." He leaned and kissed Justin's cheek. It was now much less swollen but the color was more intense. "Damn, Sunshine, I can't wait for you to come back to me."

 

When Brian arrived home about 11:00 a.m. there was a blur of blond energy that threw himself at Brian. "Oh, Daddy! I missed you." Brian gathered him in his arms and held onto him tightly. Gabbi stood a few steps away holding a wiggling Jessi.  

Brian walked over and, shifting Aaron to one arm, collected his daughter in his other. He kissed both of them several times and then, feeling exhausted, he sat on the sofa with both of them. "I have missed you so much."

Aaron kissed Brian's cheek and said, "Where's Daddy?" 

Ronni came from the kitchen area carrying a cup of something hot and, lifting Aaron off Brian's knee she sat next to him holding Aaron and handed the cup to Brian. "It is caffeine free so you can sleep but hopefully it will help rejuvenate you. How is Justin?"

"They are taking him out of the coma this evening. The doctor said I looked pretty bad and sent me home for a few hours."

"Well, we will be having lunch in about half an hour and then all of you can take a nap."

"Thanks, Ronni. All of you are doing so much for us." Brian kissed Jessi and then took a sip of the tea.

"Brian we are a family, a large family that loves each other. We are all there for each other."

 

Brian played with his kids and ate lunch before laying down for a couple hours. He then showered and put on clean clothes. He came down hoping the kids weren't up yet. He found Ronni starting dinner. "Ronni, I am going back to the hospital. I will let you know when he is awake."

"Please do. Aaron needs to hear his daddy soon."

"Ronni, I feel like you have something you are holding back."

"I just don't want you to worry. James is aware and has..."

"Aware of what, Ronni? I need to go."

"Justin's dad has been trying to contact us. He has called the house three times and the last message said he would be stopping by to see his son. I am not sure who he meant but my guess is he meant Aaron." Ronni saw Brian's look go dark. "Brian, James is going to go see him tonight and he has asked that a guard be on duty all the time. We have this, Brian."

"I don't have time to ask questions. Don't leave me out of the loop. If Craig shows up, I want to know."

"I will let you know but just know we will keep your boy safe."

"Ronni, I never doubted that." Brian hugged her and then left the house to return to Justin.

 

It was about 9:00 p.m. when Justin started stirring. Within moments he started thrashing in his bed and before Brian could call for a nurse, Henry rushed in. "I have called for the doctor. Try talking to him. Let him hear your voice. Hold his hand. Stroke his face."

Brian followed Henry's directions. "Sunshine, darling," Brian took his hands and kissed his fingers. Then he stroked Justin's face. Justin's jerky movements calmed down. "Justin, your surgery went well but now it is time to wake up."

Henry looked at the monitor and saw everything was calming down. "Keep going. It's working."

Brian moved so his lips brushed Justin's. And then Justin lifted his arm and placed his hand on the back of Brian's neck. Justin attempted to sit forward to deepen the kiss but then he cried out.  "Don't move, Sunshine."

As Brian said that, the doctor walked in. He talked softly to Henry and then turned to Brian. "It appears he is responding well to your presence. For now, we are going to just wait and see.  Just keep talking to him and letting him know you're here. Like I told you earlier, this could take until tomorrow or even longer for him to come out of it completely. 

"I am not going anywhere until he is fully awake," Brian assured the doctor, as he took a step toward them, breaking contact with Justin. It was only seconds before Justin's body started to jerk and he mumbled something. As soon as Brian took his hand again Justin again calmed. 

The doctor smiled. "If he starts moving too much we may need to give him something but right now you are his best medicine." The doctor said he would check back in a couple hours and told Henry to call if there was a major change. 

Henry checked a couple more things and then looked at Brian. "He is doing well now. He just needs you. That is much better than more drugs."

"Can I lay beside him?"

"As long as you are wary of his head."

"I will be very careful and keep him laying down. If he starts acting differently I will buzz you."

"As long as he remains calm, everything will be good." Henry left as Brian slipped in bed next to Justin. 

It took a few body shifts to get comfortable. Brian then gently laid a hand on Justin's pelvis and fell asleep.

 

Brian wasn't sure what woke him at first. Then he heard a groan. "Sunshine?" Brian opened his eyes and looked down at Justin's face. "Can you hear me?" Justin nodded a little bit. "Can you open your eyes?" He saw Justin work to open them. They fluttered a little before they opened and Brian could see his sky blue eyes. They didn't have their normal sparke but just to see him wake was enough for now. 

"Hurts." He took a breath, "The kids, are they okay?"     ‘

"They are wonderful." As soon as Justin heard the kids were alright he drifted off again.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

When Brian was sure he had fallen asleep again, he slipped out of bed. Brian wasn't sure what time it was but since it wasn't light out yet Brian felt it was about 5:00, a little before sunrise. He moved out of the room to use the restroom and find a cup of coffee.  

He arrived back at the room with a large cup of coffee about ten minutes later and the room was full of medical personnel. "What the hell is going on?"

"He is seizing." Henry said from beside the bed. "Let Brian get beside him. He needs to know Brian is here."

Brian moved quickly and took his hand. Bringing his lips down to Justin's ear he softly said, "I'm here, Sunshine. I am here sweetheart."

Justin grasped Brian's hand and softly said, "You said you wouldn't leave my side. My dad was here. He was here!"

 

Chapter 8 by Simply written

After the room cleared, Brian leaned down and kissed Justin, "I am so sorry, Sunshine. I just needed to piss and grab a coffee. Your dad wasn't really here. I am sure you were just dreaming."

"It was so real!" Justin attempted to sit up a little more and Brian helped him get comfortable.

"If you are alright with it, I am going to the nurse's station and check out the cameras. I can see your door from there."

"Ok, everything seems so loud and echoey in my head. Turn off the light please."

Brian dropped a kiss on his forehead and then left the room. He walked to the nurses' station and was glad to see Henry was still there. "Henry, did you see anyone go into Justin's room when I was getting a coffee?"

"Funny you should ask that. I was checking on another patient and when I came back she asked me who the new orderly was. I mean we don't know every employee in the building but we weren't told there would be someone new on the floor today." While Henry talked he was looking at footage. "There he is. He doesn't look like an orderly."

Brian walked around the desk so he could see the screen. "Is there a shot of his face?"

Henry went through the footage really slowly until Craig's face appeared on the screen for a split second. "Do you know him?"

"That is the man that kidnapped him and had us all thinking he was dead."

"His father?" Brian nodded. "Damn."

"Do you have any idea how long Justin will be here?"

"If he doesn't have anymore episodes like tonight he should be out by the end of the week as long as he has a quiet place to go."

"If I hired a nurse, could he leave earlier?" Brian asked Henry.

"They might. His father won't know where you take him?"

"He won't. Do you have any vacation time? Can I hire you for a week? We aren't as afraid that he is trying to get Justin, but we adopted his son and he wants him back. This time I think he is looking for anything he can find that might be a reason we shouldn't have Aaron." Brian glanced over his shoulder at Justin's room. "I need to get back in there. When the doctor comes, have him come talk to me. Or if you would like to explain it to him it would be even better. I don't want Justin to worry."

"I will do my best and if he wants to talk to you I will go in the room with him."

"Thanks, Henry. I knew you would understand, having been there the first time."

 

An hour later, James arrived. He told Justin he happened to be in town but Justin didn't know he was staying at the end of the hall for a few hours and he would be switching out with a couple other guys. Connor was in charge of security at Britin during the day and James will be back at night. They would do anything to keep Justin and Aaron safe and they were the only people Brian would trust. 

Justin was still sleeping most of the time. They were given permission to leave the hospital the next day as long as Justin didn't have any more episodes before then. The staff noticed that if Brian left his side it was almost as if Justin's brain was searching for him. He also stayed reasonably calm if his mother, Kevin, or Emmett were with him, but if Brian was gone long even they couldn't keep him calm.  

That night, the security James had in place saw a suspicious man but before he could get to him, the man had slipped away. After looking at surveillance, they were sure it was Craig. Brian had stepped out of the room and did a video call with Aaron and Jessi. He missed his kids but he knew they were well cared for and Jenn was spending the next few days with them. She realized Justin didn't need her as much as her grandkids did. Gus had been spending his time with Lindsay but she needed to leave town for work so she asked if he could go back to Britin until she returned. Of course, Ronni said he could and when Lindsay talked to Brian, he was actually glad his son would be back with the family. When he had talked to Gus a day or so ago, Gus sounded sad. He needed to be with his brother and sister and they needed him.

At 5:00 a.m. Kevin arrived at the hospital. He was going to ride in the ambulance with Justin and they hoped, if Craig was around, he would either follow Brian or he would go back up to Justin's now vacated room, but by that time Justin would be nearing Kevin's house. The EMTs would get him upstairs and Henry, who had taken the night off, would arrive at the house about the same time as Justin arrived.  

The doctor had covered Justin's eyes, knowing the move would be painful but at least the light wouldn't hurt his head. As they moved Justin upstairs, moving slowly, he whimpered. "Brian, where's Brian? My head hurts so bad."

Kevin stood at the top of the stairs. He said a prayer under his breath and crossed himself. "Justin, he will be here soon. You are at my house, son. You are safe here." As soon as Justin was at the top of the steps, Kevin leaned over and kissed his cheek. And when he heard a knock on the door. Kevin moved downstairs and opened the door, letting Henry in. He pointed up the stairs. "I am waiting for Brian. He should be here any minute."

 

As soon as Brian was sure he wasn't being followed, he would circle back to Kevin's. He didn't want to be away from Justin too long or he might get upset. He put his car in the back alley. He didn't think Craig would think of this place but he didn't want it to be obvious he was staying here. He entered the kitchen and found his dad making coffee, but before he could say anything to Kevin, he heard Justin cry out upstairs. He took the steps two at a time and rushed into the room. 

The EMTs had gotten him into bed but when they started to take the bandages off his eyes Justin had cried out and started thrashing around. As soon as Brian stepped in, Henry directed the EMTs to step out a minute and Brian sat on the edge of the bed and laid his chest against Justin's. Justin immediately put his arms around Brian and Brian kissed him. "I'm here, Sunshine. You are at Dad's." 

Henry walked up behind Brian. He whispered, "Will he let you take the bandages off his eyes?"

"Sunshine, I am going to take the bandages off your eyes and then, after the EMTs get your vitals it will just be us, ok?"

Justin nodded slightly and Brian very gently took off the patches on his eyes. Henry turned off the light in the room and then he let one EMT back in. He quickly checked him over and Henry went out to the hall with her for the official hand off. Brian laid down next to Justin and draped his arm over Justin while Justin turned to face him. "I hurt."

"Do you want me to go tell..."

"NO! Don't leave." Justin pressed the uninjured side of his head onto Brian's chest.

"Alright, Sunshine, I'm not going anywhere."

A few minutes later, Henry came back in. He walked to the bed, "Justin, I am going to give you something for the pain." He spoke very quietly, "and I am going to reattach your IV."  He was happy to see Justin respond by holding out the arm that still had the line in it. About ten minutes later Justin was sound asleep.  

Kevin walked in with a cup of coffee and a toasted bagel with cream cheese. "You need to eat something."

"Thanks, Dad. I'm just glad we got him here." He spoke in a whisper, not wanting to disturb Justin. He sank his teeth into the warm, crisp bagel. "I didn't realize I was hungry."

"Oh, I meant to tell you, James is hanging out in the neighborhood for a while. He will go if it stays quiet. Oh, and if you need anything let them know. Emmett is willing to come over if you need a break. I am on my way to Legacy. Let me know if you need anything."

Brian stood and set his food on the dresser before hugging his dad. "Thank you for everything."

"Try to get some rest, son." Kevin said as he left the room and headed down the steps.

 

Justin slept for several hours. Brian worked on his laptop for a while but he started dozing so he shut the computer and crawled into bed with Justin. Instinctually, Justin turned toward him and rested his hand first on Brian's stomach and then it slipped down his body and rested his hand on Brian's crotch. Brian shuttered and groaned softly. When Justin started to move his hand in a circular motion causing Brian's body to react, Brian looked at him, wondering if he was really awake. He turned so Justin's hand rested on his hip and he leaned closer, dropping a light kiss on his lips before closing his eyes and sleeping.

Brian woke as Henry helped Justin to the bathroom. By the time they came back to the room, Brian had gotten up and he moved to take Justin's arms. Justin lifted his mouth toward Brian and Brian kissed him before helping him back to bed with Henry. "Justin, Henry will be here with you. I am going to go get you some lunch."

 

The third afternoon Justin was at Kevin's, Brian told Justin he was going to go home to spend a couple hours with the kids. Justin hadn't been excited about him leaving but Henry assured Brian he would stay with him and Kevin had said he was on his way. 

Justin would sleep most of the time anyway. Every day Justin seemed to be a little less tired and in a little less pain. He had a long road ahead, yet. He still was very sensitive to light and sound so they kept the house as quiet as they could. Brian was reluctant to leave but he needed to go to his kids.

As Brian arrived at Britin, he saw a car parked across the road. Whoever it was had every right to park there, but James had told him there had been a car there for the past two days. It wasn't always the same car or the same person, but he was sure they were all connected. Brian pulled into the gate but then got out of his car and ran across the road. He rushed to the car and knocked on the window. 

"Hey, buddy, can I help you? Are you lost? Do you have car issues?" Brian said as he grabbed the car door handle. To his surprise it opened.

"What the fuck?" Brian had surprised him. He took a breath and Brian was sure the guy knew who he was. "No, I just, um, had a phone call and I needed to look at something so I pulled over."

"It is very unusual that you have a phone call that lasts for eight hours right outside my place.  Go back to the asshole that hired you and tell him if I see someone sitting surveillance again, I will call the police and tell them what is going on."

The man had finally regained his thoughts and said, "I am on a public roadway, not blocking traffic. This isn't your property so get the fuck away from me." He yanked the door out of Brian's hand and slammed it shut. Before Brian could cross back to the estate, the car was out of sight.  

Brian was sure his camera system would have caught the license plate. He would ask his lawyer to check into it. What he wanted to do was go to the bastard's house and smash his head in but he knew that was a bad idea. How that excuse of a man could have such amazing children.  

He kept stewing as he drove the rest of the way to the house and before the garage door was down, Gus flung the door open and he and, after helping Aaron down the steps, they both ran to their dad. Brian dropped down and put his arms around both his boys. "I have missed you both so much."

Aaron looked around Brian trying to find his other Daddy. "Where Daddy?" 

"Let's go in the house, boys. I need to see your sister, too." Brian picked Aaron up and held Gus' hand as they moved into the house. Jessi was standing by the sofa, bouncing up and down. "Look at you, beautiful. You will be walking any day now." 

"Brian, it is good to see you," Ronni smiled at him. Brian picked Jessi up and set Aaron down in one movement and then sat down on the sofa.

"Where Daddy?" Aaron put both arms up, palms to the sky.

"Daddy, is Daddy J coming home?" Gus was old enough to understand a little of what was going on. Mostly he knew his daddy wasn't here and he missed him.

Brian reached around and gave Gus a hug, "Daddy is doing good, boys, but it will still be a little while before he can come home. He is staying at Grandpa's while he gets better."

"Can I visit him?" 

"Maybe in a couple days we can let you see him. You are big enough to be very gentle and I know he misses all of you."

"I will be very good, Daddy." Brian saw a tear run down Gus' cheek and then Aaron started crying, too.  

Ronni came over and took Jessi so Brian could hug both boys and they both held on to him. Ronni started tearing up and walked away with Jessi. "Little lady, would you like to watch me start dinner?" She pulled the high chair near her and set a few small cereal pieces on the tray and went to work peeling potatoes.

Aaron and Gus now sat on either side of Brian who talked to them about Justin and asked them questions about what they have been doing. "Daddy, Mia was here. Love her."

"Mia?" Brian questioned.

"He means Amelia, Daddy," Gus told Brian.

"Oh, did Em bring Amelia over?"

"Aaron kisses her all the time."

Brian wished he could completely relax and enjoy the kids but he kept thinking about Sunshine.  He ended up getting Jessi when she was tired of sitting there and he sat on the floor with his kids and played. 

"Look who's here, Amelia," Em said as he walked into the kitchen. Ronni immediately walked over and took her granddaughter and snuggled her. Brian got off the floor and Em came over and gave him a hug. "How is Sunshine?"

"He is doing a little better every day."

"Is he up to visitors?" Em asked as he walked back and took Amelia from Ronni so she could keep working and moved back to sit by Brian who was now sitting on the sofa. Brian picked up Jessi who instantly started reaching for Amelia.

Henry had messaged Brian every half hour and Justin was doing fine. Kevin was in the room with him and they were putting dinner together for him. He had mostly been eating high calorie soft foods. If he had to chew too much his head would hurt so protein shakes worked best for him. He also ate a variety of soft food but if he was up for ten minutes he was tired and had to lay down.  

Emmett listened to Brian talk about Justin and asked a few questions. After a few minutes Ronni  came over and took the boys to wash up for dinner and Emmett laid Amelia down in Jessi's bassinet while Jessi herself was playing on the floor.

"So, how are you really, Brian?" Emmett looked deep into Brian's eyes and Brian turned away as tears dripped down his cheeks. "You have a right to have emotions. The man you have loved for six years is going through a hard time. You have a huge business and three children along with this estate. And we all know Justin runs most of it," Emmett saw the corners of Brian's mouth twitched. Em put a hand on his shoulder, "We are here to help."

Brian reached down and picked Jessi up, holding her tight. "I don't know what I would be doing without all of you." Not knowing what to do, he kissed Jessi's cheek.

Em wrapped his arms around both Brian and Jessi. Em kissed Brian's cheek and whispered, "He is on his way to being the best man he has ever been. He is so loved."

Almost inaudibly Brian said, "I know. I just miss..."

"We know what you miss. And you have had to deal with this before. You both will be even closer for the experience."

Now Brian had to laugh. Em was right but it sounded so philosophical. "Ok, Em, I think it is time we eat before you start quoting Shakespear or the Bible."

"Are you moving in on my husband, Kinney?" James had arrived while they were talking. He walked over and, after kissing Em, lifted Amelia out of the crib. "I am a bit surprised to see you.  Is Justin doing well?"

"Dad was coming home early and I just needed to see the kids." As he said it, Aaron ran up to him and launched himself onto his lap. Brian tossed him in the air above his head and caught him and then kissed him several times. "I will go back as soon as the little ones are in bed, unless Dad asks me to come home earlier. I hate to go before Gus is in bed but that would get too late."

"I will put him down tonight." James volunteered. "We are sleeping here anyway so I will try to do something special for him."

"Thank you. You two have a one month old and you are helping out here so much."

Before James could respond Ronni called them to the table. "Connor and Charly will be back shortly and they will be in the house tonight as well as Shadow so we will have lots of hands to make light work."

As they ate Brian looked at James, "I assume you got my text?" He had told James about the car and his driver after the incident.

"Yes, I have your lawyer working on it for us. He is checking on how involved Craig really is, if they can track the connection quickly," James looked at the children. "That order you had is no longer in place." He was talking about a protection order they had at one time against Justin's father.

"Daddy, did you order something?" Gus asked from across the table where he sat next to James.

Brian smiled, "It was a different kind of order, something at work."

"Oh," he sounded disappointed.

"What did you think it was an order for?" Brian asked Gus, seeing the look on his face.

"I was hoping you ordered someone to let Daddy J come home."

"Oh, Gus, I wish I could do that but I promise it won't be long."

 

Soon dinner was finished and before Brian could help put the little ones to bed Kevin texted that Brian should come back. Justin was getting agitated. Brian had kissed the little ones and then had picked up Gus and carried him to the sofa where he sat down with him. He softly said, "Gus, your daddy J is getting better. You are being so patient. I promise I will call you tomorrow and maybe you can talk to him then and very soon you will be able to visit."

"Promise, Daddy?"

"I promise, Gus." Brian hugged his oldest son for some time before he kissed him and left for Pittsburgh.

 

When Brian arrived at Kevin's he heard Justin as he walked up to the house. He started running. This wasn't good for Justin. It would cause him to have more pain after he calmed him. He bounded in the house and took the stairs two at a time.

When he rushed into the bedroom, Kevin looked distraught and the night nurse was trying to give him a shot. "Sunshine." Justin stood in the middle of the room striking out at anyone near him. Brian walked up to him talking softly.  "Justin, I'm here. Please calm down." It took a minute for Justin to actually realize it was Brian and then he grabbed onto him. Brian could feel his whole body trembling and tense. When the nurse caught Brian's eye, he nodded and he came closer and gave Justin a shot. He didn't even react to the prick. Brian then nodded toward the door and Kevin and the nurse slipped out. Brian guided Justin to the edge of the bed and they sat next to each other, Justin clinging to him.  

After a few minutes Brian spoke. "Justin, what happened? You have been calm. Did you forget I was going to the kids?"

"I know it is stupid but it was a dream about him again. He doesn't know where I am, does he? Have they seen him anywhere? Has he come around?"

Brian helped him lay down as the shot took hold and laid down next to him. "He hasn't been seen but he did have someone sitting outside Britin. James is checking into it but he hasn't been anywhere near you."

"I'm sorry. I tried to calm myself down but then... I am such a mess. I just can't control my emotions." His speech was starting to slur. "The kids, how are the kids?"

"They miss you so much. I told Gus if he promises to be calm and quiet he might be able to come and visit soon."

"Love Gussy. Miss all of them." Justin was quiet for a couple minutes. Before he fell into a deep sleep, he softly said, "I love you, Brian. I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about." Brian kissed him and moments later he could see Justin was now sleeping. The neurologist had warned them he may dream more and could be over emotional for a while as his brain adjusted. He hoped this would clear up soon. J.Jay had talked to him for just a moment when he came down from the studio and he was very excited about something he wanted to tell Justin about. Justin had already mentioned wanting to talk to J.Jay to see what was going on with the young artists. Maybe in a week he will be ready for a little more activity. Brian kissed him and slipped out of bed, knowing he'd be sleeping for a couple hours.

Kevin met Brian with a bourbon as the nurse went upstairs to sit with Justin. "Sorry, I had to get you home but we were worried he would hurt himself. He just woke up and started screaming."

"It is his father's fault. Because of all the threats he has made about Aaron, and what he had done to him, it is no wonder it freaks him out. If I knew where he was I'd..."

"I know what you would like to do but you know that wouldn't help anything. It would just get you into trouble and you would never do that to your family." Kevin patted Brian's shoulder and led him to the living room.  

Brian looked around. "You know, I have never felt this at home in this house. I lived here for about 18 years and never felt it was home."

"You know you are always welcome and this is your home away from home."

"Dad, I have been so wrapped up with Justin, I haven't asked if they have any leads on the guy at Legacy."

"They are fairly sure they know who the guy is but he seems to have disappeared. They are talking to his family. And speaking of family, the young woman who was in the hospital has moved into Legacy. Her brother is really a great young man and is supporting his sister. I think she is going to adjust well."

"I'm glad. Oh, do you think Justin is up to seeing Gus?" Brian saw the smile on Kevin's face.

"I think that would do him a world of good. Gus is old enough to understand. When do you plan to do this?"

"After seeing how upset he got today, I think the quicker the better."

"I will see if Ronni can drive him in tomorrow."

"I think that could be just what Justin needs."  

"I agree, Dad. I am going to text Ronni and hopefully after Gus gets out of school tomorrow she can bring him here."

"Brian, you look exhausted. When was the last time you had a good night's sleep?"

"The night before the surgery when I could make love to my husband." Brian sighed loudly.

"Maybe that would help him sleep too. I am not saying to... He may need you in that way as much as you need that from him. It may not be as active as you are used to but..."

"Maybe you're right, Dad." Brian laughed, "And by the way, it's humorous how flustered you get about sex."

"Well, you're 35 right? That means the last time I had sex was 36 years ago. I might be a little rusty."

Brian groaned, "I can't imagine. Well, I am going to head to bed. He might be looking for me soon."

Kevin stood up with Brian and the men hugged. "I know it may not seem like it, but Justin is getting better. I have seen it." Kevin said.

Brian undressed and slipped into bed naked and as Brian moved next to Justin he slipped his hand into Justin's briefs and slowly began to stroke him. Justin began to react quickly.  Brian pressed himself against Justin's covered ass and he felt Justin pushing back against him.

Brian heard his soft voice say, "Bri, love me."

"Are you sure?"

"Gently."

Brian tugged Justin's briefs down and as gently as he could, he entered him and moved slowly.  Justin sighed and as Brian began to move, Justin's breathing increased and as they both got closer to climax, he said, "I love you, Brian."

"I love you, too, Sunshine"

 

The next day, Justin did seem a little better and the visit from Gus made all the difference in the world to him. Gus sat very still on the bed with him and he spoke softly, telling Daddy J all about his brother and sister and about baby Amelia. It was a short visit but it was what they both needed. "Daddy J, will you be coming home soon?"

Justin pulled him close, "I hope so, Gus!"

 

The next week Justin made great gains. He still slept a lot but his pain had lessened greatly. He also was well enough to tell Brian to spend a couple nights with the kids and get them ready for him to come home. 

After Brian had spent the whole evening with the kids and got them all to bed, he called James, "Hey Brian, thanks for calling."

"Did you find out something about Craig?"

"Ya, Brian, he is talking to a lawyer who specializes in custody cases. It looks like he is going to try to get custody, using Justin's surgery as a reason."

"Fuck," Brian mumbled under his breath. "What are our chances?"

"Let's just say the quicker Justin can get home, the better."

"James, thank you for taking care of all of this for me." Brian hung up and wandered down to the family room and poured himself a glass of wine. He glanced at the door and saw J.Jay there.  He waved him in.

"Excuse me Mr. Kinney, is there any word when Justin will be coming home?"

"Hopefully in the next couple days. He will go in for a checkup tomorrow and we are hoping they will say he can come home. Of course, he won't be ready for work right away."

"Yes, I know that. I guess... Don't be angry with me, but I miss him. He is the first person who gave me a chance and, well ..."

"As long as you don't try to take him to bed, you're fine." Brian smiled at him. "Have a drink if you like. I am just unwinding and going to sit by the fire for a few minutes before bed."

J.Jay poured himself a glass of red wine and sat down near Brian. Neither of them said a word and after a few minutes J.Jay's glass was empty. He stood up and put his glass in the dishwasher and said, "Night," and he was gone.  

Brian got up and saw him walk to the pool house. He wondered what his story was. He wondered if Justin knew anything about the shy, young man they employed. Maybe he would be able to ask Justin that soon. As he climbed the stairs and then got into their bed, he realized he had missed this bed, but without Justin he couldn't get comfortable. He walked across the hall to his boys' room and, lifting a sleeping Aaron out of his crib, he placed him in Gus' bed and then he got in between them. 

"Daddy?" Gus said softly.

"May I share your bed?"

"You miss Daddy J?"

"I do, Gus."  

Gus turned over and laid his head on Brian's shoulder, "You can sleep with us." With that Gus closed his eyes and went to sleep.

 

The next day, Brian went back to Justin. He went straight upstairs and Henry stepped out of the room giving them some time alone. Henry knew his time with Brian and Justin was coming to an end. He had enjoyed working for this couple. Their love for each other was so evident, so visible. He didn't mind spending time with such beautiful men either. He wasn't looking forward to going back to the hospital. Maybe he would look into private nursing. Even though this house was small, it was filled with warmth and acceptance of anyone who came through the door.

Brian dropped onto the bed and took Justin in his arms, careful not to hurt him. After a long kiss, Brian looked into his eyes and noticed the sparkle was returning. "How are you today, Sunshine?"

"Much better now. I missed you."

"I slept with the boys last night because I couldn't face that bed alone. We will need to get you dressed for your appointment. And hopefully, tomorrow you will be able to go home." Brian helped Justin up and ever so gently ran his hand over Justin's head where the hair was now fuzzy. He watched his face making sure he wasn't hurting him.       

"Brian, I need to get the rest of my hair cut so it is even. Do you think we can line that up before I go home to the kids?"

Brian put his hand on the back of Justin's neck and kissed him deeply. "Damn, it is good to see you looking so healthy again."

"I am still so tired." Justin said as he touched Brian's cheek.  

"Have I ever complained if you want to be in bed?" Brian kissed him again.

"Well, I haven't been able to do much of that either, although the first night at home, I hope you are willing to really make love to me."

"Oh, love, the minute you get a clean bill of health you will understand what real exhaustion is."  Brian tugged Justin's t-shirt off. "Go shower. I will get your clothes out for you." Justin dropped his pajama pants where he stood and as he stepped out of them, he wiggled his ass at Brian before stepping into the bathroom and pulling the door shut. Brian smiled broadly at the now closed door. Sunshine was coming back.

 

Brian and Justin were both happy after the appointment with the surgeon. They were told Justin could go home as long as he promised to spend at least 16 hours a day reclining. As for the other question they had about sex, the doctor smiled and let them know as long as they were not over enthusiastic it should be alright. Then on the way home Brian stopped at their stylist where he was waiting for them. He cleaned up Justin's haircut, buzzing the sides to match and added some layers to the longer portion which helped cover the scar on the side of his head.

"I know it isn't what you usually prefer but I hope it will do until your hair grows out. Come back in a couple weeks and I will trim it. In a couple months it will be back to the way you like it."

Justin looked in the mirror. It wasn't what he would choose but it was much better than it had been and the way he had kept the top a little longer it really did help hide the scar. "This is great.  Thanks for getting me in so quickly." He yawned and Brian realized he had been up a long time.

"Let's go back to Dad's so you can have one more quiet night before going home tomorrow." Brian guided Justin to the door. 

"I can't wait to see the kids but I have to admit I am a little nervous. I know I haven't had anything weird happen for the last several days but..."

"I am going to see if Henry can stay on for a couple weeks or until you feel comfortable."

"I like that idea. I know we don't have a reason to hire a nurse but I really like the guy. I don't want him to just be dropped with no plans."

"We'll treat him right." Brian opened the door of the car and helped Justin in. He bent and kissed him.

Justin grabbed the front of Brian's jacket and said, "And I expect you to treat me right tonight." Justin reached out and rubbed Brian's crotch.

"Oh, god, Sunshine. The only problem with that is I need to remember to control myself and right now, I'm not sure I can. That little ass wiggle this morning didn't help." Brian heard Justin laughing as he walked around the car.

Justin started dozing off on the short ride back to Kevin's. Brian had texted him to let him know they would be moving back to Britin in the morning. As they neared the house, Brian messaged Henry and asked him to meet him in the back of the house. Justin had fallen asleep and Brian wasn't sure if he could get him back into the house by himself.  Henry helped Brian get him to the steps and Kevin met them at the door.

"Brian? Brian Kinney?" A man about Brian's age called to him.

"Dad, not sure who this is but can you help get Justin upstairs?"

"Sure, son. Could it be someone you knew when you were a kid?" Kevin asked as he took over for Brian.

"Not sure but I guess it could be." Brian walked toward the man that had appeared at the alley.

"Ya, do I know you?" Brian asked as he walked closer to the stranger.

"You don't recognize me?"

"No. Should I?" Brian could now see the man clearly and he got an eerie feeling when he looked at the man.

"Is Justin doing better?"

"How do you know my husband?" Brian straightened to his full height.

"I don't, but I know his father and Brian Kinney, you and Justin Taylor are being served." The man tucked an envelope into Brian's jacket, before turning and jogging away. 

Brian moved into the house before opening the envelope. He stood in the light of the kitchen and opened it. He read the paper. They were to appear in court one month from today to answer to the claim that Justin Taylor had deserted his adopted son, Aaron, and his biological father, Craig Taylor, wanted custody of said child.

"He's asleep," Kevin said walking into the kitchen. "I thought we could order..." Kevin looked at his son, "Brian, what is it? You look like you could pass out."

"He did it."

"Who did what?" Kevin walked over to Brian and put an arm around his waist.

"Craig is claiming we have deserted our son and he wants custody. I can't tell Justin this. It would set him back. Promise you won't tell him."

"Oh, Brian, I won't tell him but you have to tell him."

"I will, but I first need to get him home."

"Don't wait too long. If you do, it won't be good for anyone."    

 

 

 

Chapter 9 by Simply written

 

Kevin, Henry, Brian, and Justin had a late celebration dinner after Justin had woken from a long nap. As they ate Justin looked at Henry. "Henry, we are hoping you will come to the estate with us. We will guarantee one more month of employment but, if you think you would like to stay employed with us, we can discuss your options. We really don't have a job for you when I am totally cleared but we are always hiring someone for this job or that."

"Oh, great! I was already thinking ahead." Henry smiled at Justin and then Brian. Brian was noticeably quiet so Kevin distracted them.

"Enough about work," Kevin said. "Tonight is a quiet party. Justin will get to go home to his children tomorrow."

"I have to admit," Justin said, "I am a little nervous. I won't be able to do much with them for a while. And what if Jessi doesn't remember me?" 

Now Brian spoke, "Our children did not forget you, Sunshine. I have seen Jessi look from side to side when I arrive, wondering where her daddy was." He lifted Justin's hand to his lips and kissed the back of it. "And Aaron..." Brian stopped, "Aaron asks about you every time." He had to snap out of his thoughts about the papers. Changing the subject, "I know it isn't as comfortable, but maybe once the kids are up you can go to your studio for the day. What do you think, Henry? He has a bed in his studio so he can sleep up there and when he is awake he and J.Jay can do their thing."

"That does sound like a good plan. I'm anxious to see this mansion of yours."

"Um, guys, can I plan a little bit of my life?" Justin smiled at both of them. Everyone was quiet and Justin continued, "I actually think that will be a good idea. If I have a good morning I can have lunch with Aaron and Jessi and then I should be up to dinner and the evening with the kids again." Justin leaned against Brian who put his arm around him holding him close. Justin looked up at him and Brian kissed him.

The meal ended and Henry left for the night. They had canceled the overnight nurse tonight and Henry would be back in the morning to follow them out to Britin. Kevin also left to make a quick stop at Legacy leaving Brian and Justin alone.

They walked upstairs together and without saying anything they both undressed, getting into bed naked. They kissed, and very soon nothing in the world existed except for the two of them.  They tasted and touched, but it wasn't long before Brian could see Justin was getting worn out just from the foreplay. Then Brian turned Justin over and he began to run a finger slowly up and down the valley of his ass. When Brian began to probe his bud slowly, Justin shuttered. He turned to get a kiss from Brian and then he said, "Please don't be gentle. I want to feel it." 

Brian continued to probe with his finger until he felt Justin stiffen to keep control and then with no warning he plunged into him. In one swift move he was buried up to his nuts in that magnificent ass. It was over for both of them very quickly. They were both overwhelmed by the act and then they just lay there. Justin's muscles were still lightly pulsing around Brian and he didn't want to move. As he felt Justin's body relax he knew he was sleeping and he slipped out of him.  

After he had washed up a bit he stood at the window and looked out to the street. This was one of the few times he thought about his childhood in this house. He had stood in this exact spot and wondered about his future. His life had turned out better than he could have dreamed. He heard Kevin come home and listened to him get ready for bed. Then he noticed a man across the street. He seemed to be watching the house, but about the time Brian was going to dress and chase him away, another man walked up and they embraced in a long kiss.

"Brian, come back to bed." Justin said softly. Brian turned and walked back to bed. After getting in Justin rested his head on Brian's chest. "What's wrong, love? You were quiet at dinner. You aren't still worried about me, are you?"

Brian kissed the top of Justin's head, noticing the changed texture due to the haircut. "I will always worry about you, Sunshine."

"Talk to me, Brian. Is something wrong with one of the kids?"

"Oh, no, Sunshine. They are perfect." Brian reassured him. He slid his fingers along Justin's spine causing him to shiver. 

"Bri, come on. Every time you try to hide something from me it ends badly. Plus, right now I want to spend my energy on getting back to 100% and spending time with my kids."

Brian took a deep breath. "When we got home from your appointment someone called my name. I thought it might be a neighbor from my childhood but it wasn't."

"Who was it?" Justin spoke softly as he ran a finger across Brian's chest.

"We have been served. Craig is suing for custody of Aaron."

Justin shot up, "NO, what did the papers say?" 

"Sunshine, our lawyer will be able to..."

"What did they say?" Justin was getting upset and Brian tried to calm him down.

"Babe, relax. You can't get wound up like this. This is why I didn't tell you."

There was a soft knock on the door. "Is everything alright in there?" Kevin said softly.

"Come in, Dad." Brian said.

Kevin assessed the situation. "You told him?"

"Yes, but I am telling him how important it is for him to calm down."

"Kevin, will you tell me what he claimed in the papers?"

Kevin sat down on the edge of the bed so Justin was between the two men. Kevin took one of his hands while Brian held the other one. Brian nodded at Kevin giving him permission to tell him. "Justin, your father is claiming you abandoned Aaron." Justin took in a sharp breath.

"Sunshine, our lawyer will let his lawyer know what the situation is. That should be all that is..."

Kevin interrupted Brian, putting his hand on Brian's shoulder. "We can't know what will happen but you have more loyal friends than any couple I have ever known. Each and every one of them will tell the court what you have gone through and the wonderful care you set up for your children and that Brian saw them regularly and that all you could think about was seeing them again." As he talked, Kevin, along with Brian, helped Justin lay down again.  

"Dad is right, Sunshine. Everyone knows how much you, how much we, love our kids. And the fact that he's a felon will also help us." As Brian spoke Kevin slipped out of the room and Brian cocooned Justin against his body. Very soon Brian felt him drift off and now that the secret was out, Brian slept himself.

 

The next morning nothing was said about the events in the middle of the night. Kevin had already left when Henry arrived. He loaded Justin's belongings into his car and then, once Justin was in the vehicle, Henry followed Brian out to Britin. Knowing the ride would have tired Justin out, when they arrived Henry helped Justin up to the studio while Brian carried his bags into the house. Charly greeted him and insisted on taking Justin's bags from him so she could start the wash. Seeing Brian look around she said, "Gabbi has the kids upstairs. I will be leaving after lunch and Ronni will be here for dinner. Oh, and Brian, it is Gabbi's last week, remember?" The staff had been trying to make it as easy for Brian as they could over the last few weeks. They knew he couldn't keep up with their schedules as well as his own work and Justin's care.

He smiled at her, "Thanks, Charly. I had forgotten that. Justin is going to sleep in the studio for a while and will come over to see the kids later this afternoon. I am thinking Gus can see him alone after school and then he will see the little ones."

"Brian, you can do what you want but can I make a suggestion?"

"Of course, Charly. What is it?"

"I think if Justin is up to it, he should see Aaron before he sees Gus, even if it is for a short time.  He is looking so sad. I think he needs his daddy."

"Thanks, Charly. I will do that. He has waited long enough. Now I am going to go see the kids." Brian walked to her and kissed her cheek. I hope you and Connor have an enjoyable night."

"This is the beginning of spring break for Shadow and she is going to spend it at my parents' place and Ronni said we could have the weekend off. We hope to finish up the major remodeling of the barn and J.Jay will be finishing up the mural he has done for us. We will have all of you over soon, maybe at the end of the week."

Brian moved toward the steps, "That would be great, Charly." And with that he disappeared up the steps.

 

Henry had helped Justin into the murphy bed that someone had prepared. "Henry, why don't you go into the main house and get settled. I will be sleeping the next couple hours and then you or Brian can bring me some lunch."

"Ok. Remember I am programmed into your phone so all you have to do is call if you need anything. I will just be a couple minutes away."

"Thanks, Henry. I just need to sleep so I can see my kids."

Henry left the studio and after a quick stop at his car for his bag, he rang the front doorbell.  Charly opened it. "You must be Henry. Come in. I'm Charly. Do you mind going upstairs by yourself? You should find Brian in the first or second door to the right. The first is the boys' bedroom and the second is a playroom."

"Thanks, Charly. I am sure I can find him. This is a large place but not THAT large."

"Henry, how is Justin? Brian is never overly demonstrative."

"He is really doing very well. I think being here with his family is just what he needs. Well, his family and sleep. I just mentioned that so you don't worry when he sleeps twelve hours a day and stays in bed an additional four."

"Thank you! That really makes me feel better. Oh, and just so you know, I will be off around lunchtime and Ronni will be around at that point if you need anything."

"Nice meeting you, Charly." Henry moved up the steps and started looking for Brian. He glanced in the first door. The room was empty so he moved onto the next room. He heard giggling before he got to the entrance. He stood there for a minute and watched as Brian laid in the middle of the floor with a little blonde boy in his hands high above his head. That had to be Aaron. He truly did look like a miniature Justin. He then noticed the little girl on her wobbly legs next to him bouncing up and down as she hung onto Brian's bent knee.

Aaron shouted, "More, Daddy. Once more!"

"Okay, once more!" Brian's movements tossing him in the air once more caused Jessi to tumble and start crying.  

Henry immediately moved and picked her up. "You're alright, Jessi."

"MY JESSI!" Aaron shouted as he saw a strange man picking up his sister. 

Brian pulled him close and sat up. "Aaron, this is Henry. He is Daddy J's nurse and my friend."

"Henry, I see you have met Jessi." Jessi was pulling on Henry's shirt collar, "And this is Aaron."

"Aaron, it is nice to meet you. I would never hurt your sister. She is a beautiful girl."

"Everything alright in the studio?" Brian asked him.

"Yes, everything will be fine. I am to return with lunch in a couple hours."

"Great. I can take her or you can set her down."

"I like kids." Instead of setting her down, Henry sat down on the floor with her.

Brian watched him as he interacted with Jessi and Aaron. "Hey, Henry, I don't know if you would be interested but we are losing a nanny at the end of the week. We have one manny but we could use another one. I know Connor is helping with security part time, too, so we could really use you for now, at least. Even if you don't want it permanently, would you be willing to hang around while you look for something that's a better fit."

"I would love that. I actually did that for the summers during college but it doesn't pay enough to live on usually."

"Well, I will show you the space where you could stay and you have free rain of a majority of the estate. Around here we really are just a big family. Did you meet Charly?"

"I did."

"She and Connor, our manny, live in a remodeled barn on the place and Em and James, who you have met, live in one of the houses down the lane. There is J.Jay, Justin's assistant, who lives in the pool house, and Ronni and Dante, James' mother and stepfather, who live near the back gate. This place can't run itself so I only hire the best to be part of our crew."

"It sounds great, Brian, but can I think about it..."

"Sure and I will have Ted, my CFO, send you a contract so you know what the salary will be." Then the kids took over the conversation. Brian managed to direct Henry to the large bonus room above the entertainment room. Henry looked around the room. It had a private bath and a sitting area with a wet bar, as well as a platform with a large bed. It was bigger than his apartment. If he brought his microwave and got one of those burners, he would be set. He rarely used an oven and he was sure if he needed to make a pizza he could use the oven. If the pay would cover his car payments and school loans with enough for a little social life, maybe he could start working on his BS in nursing.

It was noon when Henry moved downstairs and stopped in the kitchen. Charly had been replaced by a beautiful dark skinned woman. "You must be Henry. I am Ronni. Charly said you would be taking Justin his lunch. I will have his meal ready in about ten minutes. Sit down and tell me about yourself." Henry took it as an order not a request and started telling Ronni his life's story.

 

Justin stirred in the bed. J.Jay stood and walked to the bed. "Justin, is there anything you need?"

Justin smiled up at his assistant. "It is good to see you, J. I could use some water." 

Jay silently rushed across the studio and returned with a bottle of water. "Oh, I should have gotten a straw. I'll..."

Justin smiled at him, "I will sit up. My lunch should be here in a few minutes. After I eat, I hope we can spend an hour or so catching up and then, I want to see my kids." Before J.Jay could respond, the door below opened and footsteps were heard on the steps. "I should have realized you'd be here for lunch. I didn't mention it to Henry."

"You didn't say anything, but Ronni knew he would be here." Henry said as he walked through the door. There is enough for at least four here."

J. Jay was already clearing room on the table for Henry to set the tray down. "Henry, this is my assistant, J.Jay. He kept my business running while I couldn't."

"Nice to meet you," Henry extended his hand but J. didn't take it.

"I'll be back," J.Jay mumbled and, grabbing a plate and loading it with food, he rushed down the steps.

Henry watched him go, "Is it something I said?"

Justin laughed, "No, not at all. J. needs to get to know someone to feel comfortable. Give him a couple weeks. Now, can you bring me some of that food? I am starving."

As they shared lunch, Henry told Justin about Brian's offer for him to stay on as a manny and Justin loved the idea. When J. Jay returned, Henry brought the empty plates back to Ronni and then went back to his room to unpack.

The next hour Justin and J. talked about all the young artists that had applied to work with Justin. They talked about the progress that had been made in getting some of these artists placed in galleries around the country. By the time they had reviewed the most pressing, Justin needed to sleep.

"Justin, let me help," J.Jay said. He looked so concerned.

Justin saw his worry, "J. This is normal for me now. It is getting much better but I need to lay down or be sleeping a good part of the day. It was worse, and each day I seem able to stay awake more hours. Please don't worry about me. If it wasn't for you, I would have been much more stressed, but you are such a big help here I knew everything was in good hands."

J.Jay blushed, "I would do anything for you. You really care about me. I never... no one else has except you and Father Kev." He paused and then said, "Everyone here."

It was rare for J.Jay to say that much. "I can't think of anyone I would rather work with." With that Justin turned over and shut his eyes. J. closed down the computer and left the room without a sound. 

Ronni was working in the kitchen and talking to Henry. "J.Jay, come, sit. I will make you your favorite tea. The water is hot." He walked over and sat on the stool farthest from Henry.

When Ronni set the mug down in front of him he said, "Thank you."

"Is Justin napping?" Henry looked at J. and he nodded. "Thanks, I'll check on him in a bit. When Aaron wakes up we are bringing him up for a reunion." 

"Who is having a reunion?" Brian strode in from the hall to his office.

"Justin just fell asleep so when Aaron wakes up might be a good time to let them reunite." Henry filled him in.  

Brian walked to J.Jay and rested his hand on his shoulders. "Ronni, I could use a cup of coffee.  I can make it for myself but sometimes you prefer I don't get in your way." 

"Sit down, Brian. I will make you a cup. You are doing enough." Ronni could see the strain Brian felt.

"Thanks!" Brian sat down between J. and Henry. "Ronni, did Henry tell you he is going to take over for Gabbi?"

"He did. From what I have learned so far, he will be a good fit in this crazy place and that will give Connor more time to help James. You know he has been working..."

"Crazy hours and he is the father of a newborn? I know, Veronica. It has not slipped my notice. If Connor agrees, he will take over the Security of Britin under James' supervision and that will leave James to help with the personal security here and the liaison with my office security."

"That will do well," Ronni stated as she set the coffee down in front of him.

"If my memory serves me correctly, you had a baby about two months ago and you didn't have an easy time of it."

"I just came in at noon, but I promise, as soon as I get this in the oven, I will have tea myself."

Everyone chatted and Ronni did join them. At some point J.Jay just wasn't there anymore. "He is almost spooky quiet. What's his story?"

"We really don't know." Brian looked at Henry. "I know my dad knows some things but wouldn't share because of the priest thing, which is the way it should be."

"I can just feel he is hanging onto something deep inside."

Ronni patted Henry's arm as she got up. "Brian, I can see why you hired him for Justin and now for the kids. He fits." With that she walked away moving toward the laundry.

"That is high praise from Ronni," Brian laughed. "I think I am going to go check on Aaron. He should be ready to get up. He will sometimes just play in his room. Why don't you go check on Sunshine and give him a heads up that I will be bringing Aaron up."

Henry walked to the door while Brian moved upstairs. Henry walked into the studio quietly.  When he could see the bed, he could see that Justin was still laying down but he appeared to be at least partially awake. "Um, Justin, you awake?" he said as he moved toward him.

"I am. I just decided to lay here for a bit longer. Is everything going alright?"

"Yes, Brian just sent me up. He hopes you are ready to see Aaron. He thought it might be nice if you could have some time, just the two of you."

Justin started to choke up, "Oh, I love that idea. Can you tell him to give me fifteen minutes? I'd like to splash some water on my face and get to the sofa. Without a word, Henry texted Brian.

Brian responded as he took a step into Aaron's room. He just said ‘okay'. "Hey, big guy. Did you have a nice nap?"

"Up, Daddy," Aaron called out. As soon as Brian lifted him up he dropped his head on Brian's shoulder and wrapped his arms around his neck tightly. This was not normal for his little boy.  He was normally bubbly and full of life like Justin.

"What's wrong, Aaron?"

"Daddy," He hugged even tighter and then said, "Where my daddy?" He pulled back far enough to look into Brian's eyes.

"Oh, son, I know how much you miss your daddy. Would you like to see him?" Aaron started looking around.

"Let's change your diaper and then we can go look for him." Ten minutes later, they walked out of the room. Brian had changed Aaron into fresh jeans and a blue shirt. Aaron had handed him a comb and Brian had combed the blond hair until every hair lay perfectly in place. "Ok, son, let's see if we can find your daddy." Brian was going to tell him he should be quiet and not to get too excited but he knew he would be wasting his breath. He got Aaron a drink and a piece of cheese before carrying him out of the house and up to the studio.

Henry heard the door open, "They are on the steps. Is there anything else you need?"

"No, I just need to see my son." As Justin finished the words the door opened and within seconds there was a blur heading his way and throwing himself into Justin's arms.

"Oh, Daddy!" Aaron kissed Justin's cheeks over and over as tears streamed down.

"Oh, Aaron," Justin croaked out.    

"Daddy, you sad?" he wiped the tears off his cheeks.

"Oh, no, darling. I am so happy to see you."

"Where, Daddy? Gone?"

"I am so sorry, I was gone for so long but I am getting better."

"You no go again!" Aaron scolded Justin, who had to smile.  

Brian and Henry stood at the door, both with tears in their eyes. Henry hadn't meant to stay but the reunion held his heart. He finally pulled himself together and moved down the stairs. He had seen a lot of emotional scenes working at the hospital, but this was one of the top three. 

Brian shut the door and walked over to Justin and his mini me. He didn't want to invade their time together but he wanted to make sure the emotions didn't get too much for Justin. They hadn't talked about the court case at all today, although Brian had talked to his lawyer for some time and had sent several emails back and forth. 

"So how are the two of you doing?" Brian kissed Justin and then Aaron. 

"Daddy," Aaron's smile melted Brian's heart as he held onto Justin tightly. This child was not leaving their custody, even if they had to relocate to get away from Craig. Hell, he would move them all. He already had checked if leaving the state would help or not. He had his lawyer checking if they would have better luck in Georgia. They could always go down there again if they needed to. They had already filed for an extension due to Justin's health. More than likely they would get at least an additional month if not two. He hadn't even told Justin that yet. 

Fifteen minutes later, Aaron reluctantly went to Brian and the three moved down the steps and into the house. "Daddy J! You're home!" Gus rushed over to Justin and gave him a hug. Brian guided Justin to the sofa along with the boys so he could sit down. Moment's later, Gabbi brought Jessi to the family room and set her on the floor near Justin. She looked up to smile at her brothers but when she saw both her daddies sitting there she couldn't crawl fast enough and then pulled herself up on Justin's legs.

An hour later the two little ones were still staying close but Gabbi had come over and sat on the floor to play so they could give Justin a little space but he could still enjoy his family. He fought to stay awake as long as he could but he finally laid down and dozed.

When dinner was ready Gus walked over to Justin and softly shook his shoulder, "Daddy J, dinner is ready. Do you want to eat here or at the table?"

Justin smiled at their son, who was growing up so fast. "Well, I am sure with your help I can sit by the table."

Brian pulled out Justin's chair as Gus walked with him, holding his hand. Dinner was a joyful experience. Ronni was eating with them but Henry decided to eat in his room. He felt the family needed a little alone time. Em and James had also decided to eat at their house. They had been staying at the main house but now they were back in their own place and even though they were happy to help they were now just their family of three again.

The family enjoyed their meal. At one point Brian noticed Justin wasn't eating. He was just looking around and he touched his arm. "Sunshine, are you feeling alright? Does your head hurt?"

"No, Love, I am just enjoying my family."

"Please eat a little more. With this crew you will need to keep up your energy." Brian leaned closer, "And I hope you have a little energy left for me." Justin kissed him with a hint of what he might have planned tonight. "Um, I will remember that in a couple hours."

When they had finished eating, Henry reappeared and asked if he could help with the evening routine. Jessi had taken to Henry, which was a good thing because Aaron was not ready to share Justin, not even with his little sister, who he usually shared everything with.

Two hours later the kids were asleep, Henry had gone to his room, and Brian and Justin walked into their bedroom arm in arm. Brian could see how tired Justin was and helped him pull off his shirt, "Are you ready to go to sleep or does a bath sound good?"

"A bath with you in that tub sounds perfect," he turned and kissed Brian.

"I'll start the water." Before walking away, he pulled Justin close and when he claimed his lips there was no demand, only the joy of having his husband home.

Together they relaxed in the bubbles of the tub. They talked softly about the kids and the joy on their faces. Eventually Justin said, "Did you talk to the lawyer today?"

"I did. He is checking into several things but the first thing he said was he is fairly sure he can get it postponed until this summer because you are still healing. He is also checking into Georgia law. We may spend the summer in Atlanta if we need to get away which would be fine with me. I want to meet that new niece of ours and Dad hopes to spend part of his summer there, if Legacy is safe."

"That makes me feel a little better. He is not getting him." Justin said softly with his voice full of emotion.

"Of course he isn't. He is our son. He was just the sperm donor and a pathetic one at that. If we have to leave the country, I will find an island we can live on. We'll call it Britin Island and we will be the kings and..." Brian stopped talking. Justin rested against him, sound asleep. He didn't care how long he slept. He had his husband home and in his arms. This tub could keep water warm forever. He was a happy man.

Justin woke half an hour later and they dried off and got into bed. Justin looked at Brian, knowing he expected sex. He was not sure he could manage any energy. "Brian, I know I said I would..."

Brian curled up next to him, pulling Justin close. "It will wait, Sunshine. Sleep, Justin. We have a lifetime to make love."

"I love you, Brian. Please never doubt that."

"It never crossed my mind. I mean I know how lovable I am." Brian kissed the curve of his neck.  "I love you, too."

 

The next week everyone adjusted to a new schedule. Justin tried working a few hours in the morning and when he got too tired, he would nap on the sofa in the family room. It gave the kids a sense of security, knowing he was right there and if they woke him a bit, that was alright.  Each day he was getting stronger and needed less sleep.

At the end of the week they said goodbye to Gabbi as she went off for a new position and Henry took over sliding in with no interruption in anyone's life. For the meantime, the custody case was pushed back, using Justin's health as the reason. They had a court designated social worker come to observe and when she sent her report she said the children were in no way neglected, and even Justin, recovering from brain surgery, was in contact with his children most of the afternoon. It was obvious that all the children in the home were loved and cared for.

After reading the report, the lawyers spoke but no matter what was said, Craig would not give up the fight, even if he had little ground to stand on. He was a single felon who had kidnapped another one of his children. They were fairly sure nothing would come of it, but it was Craig they were dealing with.

 

Kevin was sitting at his desk when Brian walked in. "Dad, how are you? I miss seeing you everyday."

"My house is very empty without you but I am so glad Justin is doing well. J.Jay stopped by earlier and he said it wouldn't be long and Justin would be back to his old self."

"He really is doing well. I think being with the kids has made all the difference."

"And what is going on with his father?"

"We have him on hold but he won't go away."

"You didn't expect him to, did you?" Kevin said as he offered Brian a bottle of water. Brian took it.

"I stopped by because I heard you found out something about the saboteur." Brian opened the bottle and took a long swallow of the chilled liquid.

"Well, although they still haven't located him, his brother is working with us and he was told by a mutual friend that his brother was planning to be back in the city this weekend."

"Dad, are the police going to be around all the time?"

"I told them I didn't want anyone."

"Dad! You need protection. Why are you so stubborn? What if he comes this weekend when your staff is in lower numbers and more people come and go. Who is going to check people in and out.

Kevin pointed to a bag by the sofa against the wall. "I am staying here for the weekend. No one I don't know will come in."

"You are not going to be here alone." Brian stood and turned so he could look out the window.

"Son," Kevin stood and walked over to Brian, placing his hand on his shoulder. "Our guests are always fragile but right now we have many who would leave if police were present and if they leave, we may lose them completely."

Brian turned to his dad. "Can I stay here with you?"

"No, Brian. Your family needs you."

"You are part of my family, Dad."

"You have made that very clear. I know how much you care about me but I can take care of myself. I will be fine. I am always watched over."

Brian's phone buzzed. A message from Justin. "I have to go. You call me if you need anything. I am sure James would come over if..." Brian stopped. "Don't forget we are going to see your new granddaughter very soon."

"Kelin Cae is never far from my mind. Go home. Invite me to dinner sometime next week. I will make anything work."

"Love you, Dad. I'll talk to Charly and see what night works best for her." Brian hugged Kevin and then went out to his car and read the message from Justin.

‘Get your gorgeous ass home. Charly, Connor, and Henry insist we have the night off.'

A smile spread across his face. ‘On my way!'  Brian pulled out and stopped at the florist before speeding out of town.

When he arrived home he walked into the family room with two dozen roses of mixed colors. To his surprise the room was completely void of people except for Justin. He had been sitting on the sofa and stood when he heard Brian enter. He had dressed in a pair of khakis and a navy button down. 

Brian stopped in his tracks. Damn he looked good and he looked so healthy. Brian walked toward him, forgetting he even had the flowers in his arms. "God, Sunshine, you are gorgeous." Brian laid the flowers on the sofa and pulled Justin close. He inhaled and smelled the soap Justin loved and the slight hint of cologne he had bought him last Christmas. And then their lips met. Their tongues tangled as the kiss grew deeper. When Brian finally took a step back, they were both out of breath.

"Are those for me?" Justin said, pointing at the flowers.

"Oh, ya," Brian picked up the roses and handed them to Justin.

"Help me find a vase?" Justin said as he walked toward the kitchen and Brian followed. 

Ronni had made them a romantic dinner and had set up a small table out on the patio near the fire pit which was burning to take the chill out of the air around them. They didn't say a lot with words as they ate but they touched and shared bites of food, just absorbing the energy building between them. 

As they finished eating, Justin stood and reached for Brian's hand. They walked hand in hand up to their bedroom. "Brian," before he could get the next word out Brian's mouth was on his.

Neither remembered undressing but soon they were on the bed, first Brian on top and then Justin as they explored each other's bodies. They licked and nipped and then Brian rolled Justin onto his back and as he positioned one of Justin's legs to the side and put the other leg on his shoulder he gently moved inside. As he moved in and out, they locked eyes. Brian would steal a kiss when he could, but soon the need for release was too great. He moved faster and harder, never taking his eyes off Justin's face and, as if on command, they both had an earth shattering climax before Brian collapsed on top of him.

After laying silently for a few moments, Brian slid off of him, leaving his head on Justin's chest. "Damn, Justin, that was amazing." There was no response. "Sunshine?" Brian said with a little bit of tension in his voice. No response. Now Brian moved so he could look at Justin's face, scared of what he might find. "Sunshine?" Tears were streaming down Justin's face. "What's wrong? Are you in pain? Is it a headache?"

"Relax, Brian. I am just so in love with you. It had been so long since we had time and I had the energy to love so thoroughly." 

"I would live with you forever, even if we couldn't make love but, god, I am so glad to have you back to the old you, but better. Fuck, I love you, so much." With that Brian's lips again claimed Justin's but then he pulled him close and said, "Now, love, sleep. We have a lifetime."

 

Chapter 10 by Simply written

 

Kevin stretched.  Note to self, get a new sofa for my office. He stood and put his hands on his lower back feeling his back pop in several places. He moved through the hallway greeting their clients and ended up in the lunch room looking for some breakfast.  

"Well, Father Kev, you're a sight for these eyes." Debbie was keeping food in the serving containers as clients moved through the line. 

"Good morning, Debbie."

"I heard you were on the premises this weekend. You can always brighten my day." She flirted with him.

"Oh, Debbie, besides the fact that I'm a priest and you're a married woman, your husband is one of my best friends and he has a gun."

Debbie laughed. "I know Carl wanted to be here this weekend."

"No, Debbie, I need to show this guy he can't affect our work here."

"You're a good man, Kevin."

"Everyone here is a good person and none of them deserve to be threatened. The truth is, he probably needs help himself."

"Well, Father Kev, you better eat. You'll need your strength if he dares to come here."

Kevin loaded his plate and sat down by a table and just started chatting.

 

Justin wasn't sure what woke him at first but then he felt Brian's hand working its way down his body and then began to stroke his inner thighs. Once Brian realized Justin was awake he moved so he was between Justin's legs and began dragging his tongue upward. When he took one of his balls in his mouth, Justin arched. 

"Damn, Brian, that feels amazing." Brian didn't reply but continued to feast on Justin's cock and balls. And then it was over. Justin climaxed, cumming in Brian's mouth. 

After they lay together for a few more minutes Brian said, "We  better get a shower before the kids are turned back over to us." As they stood under the pulsing water in each other's arms.  Justin rested his head on Brian's chest.

"Brian, it was worth every second of it, but I think I might have overdone it a bit. I'm exhausted."

"Well, then you get back in bed or come down and crash on the sofa, but you are not allowed to do anything. Is it a headache?"

"Nothing serious. I just think last night might have been just a little too exertive. It was worth any side effects I have today." They kissed once more before leaving the shower and preparing for their day.

Brian was true to his word. He made Justin lay down and when Aaron and Jessi arrived with Henry, Brian let him know Justin was a bit worn out today so he wasn't allowed to do anything. Henry seemed to truly enjoy working with the children and it made Brian feel better knowing Connor had more time to help James with the security and he could focus on Britin alone. 

Once Henry had the kids settled into play he moved closer to Justin and softly said, "Is there something I should be checking on for you? Is the incision causing pain? Do you have a headache? What hurts?"

Justin smiled and as softly as Henry had spoken he said, "Well, my asshole hurts a bit." He winked. "I am just in blissful afterglow and just probably overdid it a bit. I just need some rest."

Henry laughed. "I think I will pass checking that out. Your husband would kill me. Just let me know if something feels off. If you didn't have pain in your head during the event, I doubt there is any real issue."

"Trust me my head felt no pain last night or this morning," Justin smirked. Henry groaned and turned his focus back on the kids.

Brian was smiling as he walked to his office. He hadn't caught everything being said but Justin had definitely made Henry flush. He had to wonder how long it had been since Henry had an encounter of any kind. He really didn't have an idea if he was gay or straight. His best guess was he was bi. He had seen him look at males and females.   

Once he got to his office, he called Kevin. "Hey, Brian, good morning!" His voice was light and cheery.

"Hey, was everything quiet last night?"

"Yes, except for my own moans of pain."

"Pain, what happened? Why were you in pain?" Brian dropped into his chair by the desk.

"I got old. I was in pain because I got old and sleeping on the sofa just isn't as easy as it used to be. I think I need to look for a better way to sleep in my office."

As Brian listened to his dad he was already looking at sofa beds that didn't need much room.  "Your sofa in there is kind of ratty. It was donated, wasn't it?"

"Yes, and it doesn't look bad but it isn't comfortable." He heard Brian typing. "Brian, what are you doing? You aren't looking at couches are you?"

"Not anymore. There will be a delivery between 3:00 and 4:00 this afternoon. If you want them to take the old one they can or they can move it somewhere for you."

"Brian, you don't have to buy everything for me. You've given me a house. You had it remodeled. You helped me line up investors here. I can take care of myself."

"Dad, I know you can. I didn't mean to..."

"I know, son, and I don't want to sound ungrateful. I really do appreciate all you have done but you are spoiling me." Kevin stopped and after a moment of silence he said, "Brian, I need to go.  Someone is calling for me. Thank you for the gift but please ask me before you just jump, but my back thanks you."

Before Brian could respond Kevin had hung up. He felt a little guilty but he wouldn't miss the money and if it helped his dad he didn't regret it. 

 

Kevin spent his morning and early afternoon with the guests at Legacy. The woman that had been in the hospital at the same time as Justin, was leaving today. She had come so far. Kevin stood at the door when her brother, carrying her suitcase, thanked him for all he had done. The young woman hugged him and said, "Father Kev, thanks for everything you've done. I don't think, no, I know I wouldn't be here if it hadn't been for you and Dr. Blake."

"I am so glad you are doing so well. Just remember if you need anything, we are still here." Kev looked at her brother, "And if you ever need some support we are here for you, too." As they left Kevin saw his new couch being delivered. 15 minutes later the old sofa was stuck in the storage room and Kevin was stretched out on his new sofa. It was a sectional of sorts and one end could fold down and made a comfortable place to sleep. Before he knew it he had dozed off.

"Hey, Father Kevin, I could use your help."

"I'm coming." Kevin stood and stretched before moving down the hall, looking for whoever called his name. He wasn't sure how long he'd slept but looking at the sky he would guess it was around 5:00. 

"I'm in here," The door to the storeroom was open and Kevin walked in. The door slammed shut behind him and then his world went black.

When Kevin woke everything was still black. There was a blindfold around his head, what felt like duct tape on his mouth, and what he assumed were zip ties on his wrists and ankles. If he wasn't mistaken he was laying on his old sofa. At least he knew where he was. Too bad he couldn't move and of course he couldn't tell if the guy was there or not. He said a prayer and then tried to figure out what his next step was.

 

The day at Britin was filled with friends and laughter. After Justin had laid around all morning, he felt great by the time the kids woke from their naps. They invited everyone on the estate to a potluck at the main house. Charly and Connor were bringing a large lasagna and Em and James were bringing appetizers. Ronni and Dante were bringing desserts and Justin and Brian, with Aaron's help, had a large bowl of chopped lettuce and any topping you could want on top of it. They gave Henry and J.Jay a pass since neither really had a kitchen to work in.

Justin kissed Brian's cheek, "Is Kevin coming?" he asked.

"You know, he never got back to me. That's kind of odd but sometimes he gets so involved with the activities and forgets his phone in the office. He'll text sometime tonight when he gets back to his phone." Brian tried to sound assured of that but there was a little niggling in the back of his mind that made him feel uneasy.

Once the house was filled with friends, Brian pushed the thought out of his mind and enjoyed their company. The food was amazing. To everyone's surprise J.Jay brought a tray of bruschetta mozzarella on crusty bread. He popped it in the oven and ten minutes later everyone was eating the appetizers Em had made as well as J.Jay's contribution.  

"J.Jay, you have been hiding another talent." Em popped the last bite of a slice into his mouth and draped an arm around him. "You have a secret ingredient and I need to know what it is. I plan to put this on my party options and it needs to taste just like this."

J.Jay looked embarrassed, "I'll get you the recipe."

The food was spread out on the counter and people helped themselves before they all sat around the table as a family. The atmosphere was light and cheerful. They were celebrating Justin's health. They were glad Henry was staying to help with the kids. Ronni was back to her old self, totally in control of everything. It was an evening to just enjoy life. 

Everyone had to laugh at the crush Aaron had on Amelia. When she was being held by her grandmother he sat next to them and stroked her cheek and when they laid her in the bassinet,  he pushed a small step stool next to it so he could see her as she slept.

"So when do we start the wedding plans," Brian chuckled as he watched his son and sipped on his glass of wine. 

"Well, at least we know she would be well cared for." Em smiled over at Brian and Justin. When Jessi got crabby, Henry got up and picked up the little girl who was on Justin's lap. I'll put her down and then get Aaron. Aaron had finally gotten tired of watching Amelia sleep and had crawled up on Ronni's lap. Without a word, J.Jay stood and extended his hand to Aaron and Aaron kissed Ronni's cheek and jumped off her lap, took J.'s hand and they followed Henry, not a word said.

"That young man is as mysterious as he is talented, but I like him." Ronni commented as she leaned against Dante, who pulled her close. "I thought your father might be here," she commented to Brian.

That's when Brian realized he hadn't heard from him. He pulled out his phone and noticed somehow he had managed to turn it off. He turned it back on expecting to see something from his dad. Instead there were three messages from one of the staff at Legacy. Before he could listen to any of them, Justin's phone vibrated. It was Blake, Kevin's partner. 

"Hey, Blake."

"Justin, is Kevin out there?"

"No, we haven't seen him today. He isn't at Legacy?"

"About twenty minutes ago I got a call from the staff. Kevin's phone is on his desk and we could see a message from Brian, inviting him to dinner."

"He didn't respond to Brian." Justin looked at Brian and by now the whole table was listening. "When was the last time anyone saw him?"

"Staff saw him when his new sofa was delivered sometime around 3:30 and they left around 4:00. They just figured he went home to shower and get some dinner. Then there was a change of staff and I was just called. We have no reason to think anything has happened to him but..."

"Blake, let me talk to Brian and we will call you back in a couple minutes."

The mood had changed and while Brian and Justin moved to the formal living room, away from their friends all of them started cleaning up the kitchen. They were as worried about Kevin as their hosts.

 

"I heard most of it." Brian started pacing while typing a message into his phone.

"It really hasn't been that long, Brian. You know your dad doesn't always keep his phone on him.  Maybe he had just meant to be gone a short time and then got side tracked by a friend." Justin put his arms around Brian's waist.  

Brian pulled him close and kissed the top of his head before saying, "I know you're right but I just have this gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach."

"Then you go and I'll call Blake back and tell him to meet you at Legacy. Then I will call Carl, unless Blake has already done that."

"Promise me you will go to bed and at least relax. I will text or call if I learn anything." The kiss they shared was gentle but they both received strength as they felt the connection between them.

"Excuse me," James was in the doorway, "I have the car out front. I will go in with you. Connor will stay in the house and on the monitors until we know what is going on."

Brian was about to say James didn't need to go along but instead he just said, "Thank you, my friend." Brian kissed Justin once more and then he followed James out the front door.  

As they left, Em walked in and draped an arm around Justin's shoulders. "Ronni and Dante are taking Amelia home with them. What would you like me to do?"

"Emmett, could you just check on the kids and if you see J.Jay and Henry, let them know what is going on. I'm going to call Blake back." 

 

Kevin had to adjust how he was laying. There were pressure points that were getting really sore.  When he had awoken the first time he hadn't heard anyone but, although no one had addressed him, he had heard someone moving around him but being unable to talk to him, it was impossible to interact. Kevin really needed to go to the bathroom and he needed some water. He managed to sit up on the sofa and then he heard someone enter the room. He was fairly sure whoever it was had come in through an outside door. Someone had to be monitoring the cameras, someone should have seen the guy moving around. As he had that thought he remembered the camera at that end of the building wasn't up. Early in the week they found that camera on the ground. It appeared a branch had knocked the camera off the building and someone was coming to fix it on Monday. Now he had a feeling it hadn't been an accident.

Kevin tried to stand and he heard a soft, threatening voice say, "Stop moving around."

Kevin tried to move his mouth enough to get his point made. He pressed his legs together and squirmed.

"Shit," the voice said. "If you make any noise, I'm just going to knock you out again." Kevin shook his head side to side. He felt his legs being cut apart and then a big hand on his upper arm led him across the room. He realized he wasn't in the actual storage room. They were in an old wing that connected to the storage room. They had plans to tear this section down in a couple years when they were ready to expand the Legacy Center. Now he had more of a layout in his head.

"Mmm, aaarrr," Kevin raised his hands behind his back and he felt the ties drop away.

"Piss already," the rough voice said.

Before he could do anything, Kevin pulled the tape off his mouth, "I won't make noise. Water, I need something to drink." He was pushed back toward the sofa. "I know you worked here, in the remodeling.

"You don't know nothing," his captor blurted out. "You are just trying to get me to tell you something." The guy shut up, swearing under his breath, giving away that what Kevin had said was true.

"Why are you trying to close Legacy?"

"It's not right. None of this is right. Just shut up!" He grabbed the roll of duct tape and, after ripping a piece off he slapped it on Kevin's mouth, followed by the zip ties so he, again, could not move.

 

When James and Brian arrived at Legacy Blake met them there along with Don, Carl, and Ted.  "Have you heard from him or found him?" Brian rushed over to them while James went inside to look at the camera footage.

"No, nothing," Blake said, "Ted stopped by his house and there was no sign that he had been there. There were no footsteps in the dusting of snow we had last night."

"Fuck, he couldn't have just disappeared into thin air. Did you talk to everyone in the building? Did you talk to the staff that went home?"

Carl put his hand on Brian's shoulder, "Brian, there is one other thing." The look Brian gave him told him he better keep talking. "Blake listened to the messages on the Legacy line and one of the messages was another threat. It didn't specify what he was planning but he said something would happen before the end of the weekend."

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" Brian called out. "I thought you were going to follow the suspect when he got back into town.

Don put a hand on his shoulder, "He wasn't spotted. They have now found his car about two blocks from here." 

The men returned to the building and James met them at the door. "Follow me." James was in work mode and led Don, Carl, and Brian to the security room. "When I heard the back camera was out I adjusted the other cameras. There are still blind spots but I caught him on the edge of another camera a couple times but you can't actually see his face."

"That shows your skills, James. To move the cameras, I'm not sure I would have done that knowing the camera was going to be fixed so soon." Carl patted James' shoulder.

"From his movements I think it is the guy from the fire but there is no way to be sure and the worst part is I can't see where he is coming from, or more importantly, where he is going. I think we should have the perimeter of the building searched. Why was he coming and going unless he was placing something near the building?"

"Or kidnapping someone from it." Brian said.  

"I know Kevin didn't want police here but I think we need to get a little more help. I will have them come plain clothed but we need help." Don pulled out his phone and called his office.

Brian walked into Kevin's office and called Justin. He hoped he was in bed. He needed his rest.  "Brian, did you find him? Is he there?" Justin's voice held concern.

"They are calling in more police. There was another threat called in."

"Brian, I'm going to have Henry watch the kids and I'm going to come in."

"NO!" Brian snapped. And then he took a deep breath and said, "I'm sorry, Sunshine. I just don't need to worry about you, too. Please, darling."

Justin sighed, "Ok, Brian, but if you need me, call, and if you hear anything, call and... Brian, I love you."

"I love you, too. I will call if I hear anything."

"And I will come in the morning if he hasn't been found."

After they hung up, Justin lay back down in the bed. What if Kevin wasn't found or was found... Brian would be crushed. All of them would be crushed. Justin dozed off thinking about Brian and their kids. They had all gone through so much. They didn't need to go through anything more.

Brian sat in his dad's office with his head in his hands. Blake came in and sat next to him. "They are trying to look but it is really dark out there. They will have more officers here as soon as the sun is up."

"Have they checked over the whole building? Like you said, this place is huge."

"They have a couple pairs of officers going through the unused section now but parts of the building don't have electricity so they have to move slowly. Brian, why don't you just catch a nap and..."

"I can't do that, Blake. I need to look, too. James hasn't found footage of him walking away, has he?"

"Are you thinking he might be in the building somewhere?"

"I have to think he's somewhere."

 

Kevin wasn't sure how, but when he woke the tape on his mouth had fallen off or had been taken off. "Hello, are you there?" 

"What?"

"I could really use some water." He could hear some movement and then felt a water bottle on his lips. He took a couple big swallows. "Thank you. I could really use a few minutes to stretch my muscles." Kevin was surprised he came right over and not only did he untie his ankles but his hands, too."

"Don't move fast. I have a gun." The gruff voice had less power today. Kevin heard a note of confusion or uncertainty.

"Can I call you something? I'm Kevin but I am sure you know that?  Have I done something to upset you? Most people just come and talk to me."

"You brought all THOSE people here."

"All those people are hurting. Oh, a name?"

"Just call me Fred. All those people are hurting everyone else."

Kevin slowly moved in a small area, stretching his muscles, not knowing how long he would be allowed to stay moving. Fred, how are they hurting others?" There was no animosity in his tone. He asked it with sincerity. 

"They follow a corrupt way of thinking and they convince others to do the same thing."

"Who told you they were corrupt?"

"Well, they are! I mean it's just not right!"

"Fred, you know I'm a priest, right?"

"Ya, you're the big dog here. You brought all this here."

"No, Fred, all these people were already here. I just created a safe place for them to go. Fred, can you tell me if it is night or day?"

"It's getting close to sun up. There are a lot of people on their way that will be looking for you."

"What are we going to do, Fred?"

"What did you mean, they were already here?"

"These people, as you call them, have always been in the world. They have been killed, they have been rejected, they have been beaten. My son-in-law was almost killed because of a young man who was sexually conflicted and he struck out. The only difference between then and now is we are trying to help them understand who they are and accept them no matter what."

"I just don't ..."

"Fred, you don't have to understand everything right now, but I would love to talk to you more about this. Right now I think it would be best if you just let me go and then I can talk to them."

"NO! I don't plan to walk out of here. Neither of us are! Sit down! If you stay there I won't tie you up again."

Kevin stopped talking for a while. He hoped he hadn't pushed Fred too far.

Justin woke at 6:00 and checked his phone for any missed messages. There were none. He texted Brian. ‘Anything?'

Brian's reply was quick. ‘Nothing!'

‘I will be there in an hour.' Justin waited a minute but Brian didn't text back. He rushed and was out the door in ten minutes. If Brian didn't try to stop him, he needed him.

By the time Justin arrived, there were police officers everywhere. He rushed into Legacy and Brian appeared out of nowhere and hugged him, "I am so glad you are here." He kissed him, "I just don't know what to do." Justin held onto him tightly. Justin led him to a chair and they sat down side by side as Brian told him everything he knew.

It was about 9:00 a.m. when the officers started coming back. They had found nothing. They had a floor plan of the building and as the groups came in, areas got crossed out. Don called the group into Kevin's office. "We have covered every room on every floor on the maps. I hate to say it but he isn't on the property." 

Carl continued, "They will go and regroup. They will try to figure out where this guy might take him."

James spoke now, "I'm sorry, Brian. I was so sure he hadn't left."

"James, it isn't your fault. Go home. You need some sleep. Justin is here to take me home when we find him."

 

Kevin had stayed quiet when he heard the searchers nearby. He wanted this to end but he didn't want anyone hurt. He was fairly sure Fred was gay or bisexual but had probably been beaten or shunned by anyone who realized it and he finally started denying his own sexuality.

"Fred, it is quiet again. You picked a great spot. If they were looking at the current floor plans this room wouldn't show up."

"I know that! I'm not stupid."

"Fred, I never thought that. I would say you might be confused. You heard for so many years that a man can only love a woman but maybe you really weren't sure about that. Maybe you knew someone that was gay and you saw them being hassled about it."

"Father, if you're so smart, tell me how I can fix this."

"Well, you could just leave me here and slip out like you slipped in."

"You can't honestly think that. Even if most of the cops are gone, there are going to be some patrolling."

"Fred, if you let me walk out, I will tell them you treated me well and I promise I will do my best to get you help."

"Shut up! I don't need help. I... Let me think."

 

Brian and Justin weren't sure what to do. "I don't want to go home. Maybe we could go to Dad's so we are close."

"That sounds like a good idea." They were still in the security room and Justin looked at the floor plan for the 20th time. "Just a minute. I'll be right back." He took the floor plan with him. A minute later he stood looking out a window. "Brian, come here," he called back down the hall.  

Brian moved down the hall to Justin. "What is it, Sunshine?" 

"Look at this. Am I losing my mind or is that area over there longer than it shows here on the map?"

Brian looked at the plans and then at the building. "Blake!  Blake, are you still here!" he yelled down the hall.  

Blake rushed out of his office over to where Brian and Justin stood. "What is it?"

"What is that section of the building?"

"There is a storage room."

"But look at the plan. It looks like there is probably another twenty feet or so beyond that storage room. Is that all one room? Are the plans off?"

"Damn, I never thought about that room! It has some real defects so we plan to eventually tear that end down. I remember the architect accidentally left that off and we decided we wouldn't have him redo it. Do you really think he could be right there?"

Brian already had his phone out and was texting Carl and Don. While he waited for their responses. He thought about all the time Don had put in for Legacy and it was all because his brother was trans and he wanted to help others. A message came back from him. ‘5 min. away'. 

Brian stood behind Justin and wrapped his arms around him. He brought his mouth down to his ear and softly said, "What if he isn't there? Or what if he's there but..." 

Justin turned and kissed him. "Brian, we have no reason to think he has been hurt."

Brian let go of Justin and started down the hall at a full run. Justin didn't have to ask where he was going. He was going to find his father, with or without the police. Justin took off after him.  

 

Fred had been silent for so long Kevin finally lifted the blindfold. He saw a man with his back to him. He knew if he didn't do something now, this would end badly for one or both of them. He wasn't sure who it would be but someone would remember this room wasn't on the floor plan for Legacy. Kevin went on instinct. First he looked around to see if there really was a gun. He tried to go unnoticed as he moved silently behind Fred. He could see he didn't hold anything so if there was a gun, it wasn't in or near his hands. 

Kevin moved quickly and before Fred noticed, Kevin had knocked him off the rickety chair and then he was sprawled on the floor with Kevin on top of him. Kevin now could feel a gun in the small of Fred's back and he moved just enough to pull it out, and then he spoke, "Fred, I don't want to hurt you. I think you have been hurt enough. I'm going to get off and I want you to sit up slowly. Do you understand?"

Fred nodded and as Kevin moved off of him. When Fred sat up Kevin noticed the tears that were running down his face. "I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have. I just thought if I..." he wiped his face with his sleeve. "I thought if I did this my dad would shut up and stop calling me a freak. I thought I could convince him I'm not."

"Fred, you aren't a freak. You are an individual. We all need to be who we are, not what others want us to be." Kevin tossed the gun onto the sofa several feet away. "Fred, I can get you help.  You don't need to be locked up, you need to have counseling."

"I'm not a kid like everyone here. I'm 30. I can't change now."

"You are never too old to change, Fred. Never too old to..."

Kevin was interrupted by pounding on the door. Brian shouted, "Dad!  Dad, are you in there?"

Justin grabbed Brian and pulled him back. "Brian, stop!" Justin pulled him back. "So much for the surprise factor."

"Oh, Justin, what did I do?"

"We aren't positive he is in there but if he is, and we stay quiet, they may think we walked away."

"Oh, shit, Justin. What if..." Brian pulled Justin close. "I killed him, didn't I?"

 

Chapter 11 by Simply written

 

Kevin glanced at the door. He waited for Brian to pound again but it never came. "I don't think anyone will come in. You locked it, right? And you piled stuff in front of the door. I don't expect he will come back. That was just my son, not the police."

"Father, do you really think you can help me, that you want to help me?"

"Oh, Fred, that is why I am here. I will help in any way I can. Please, let me go out there. Let me tell my son I am well and we will call a friend who can take us to the precinct." Kevin reached out and patted his shoulder, "Fred, this needs to end."

"Bryan. My name is Bryan."

"Nice to meet you, Bryan." Kevin picked up the gun that was on the sofa and walked to the door and started moving the blockage at the door.

 

Justin calmed Brian down and within a couple minutes Don was jogging down the hall. "So are they in there?"

"I fucked up, Don. I lost it and knocked on the door so if they are in there, he has been warned we are onto him."

Justin jumped in, "We backed off immediately and I am sure he figured we moved on."

Don looked back and forth between them before saying, "Do we know anything about this room?"

"Only that it is a condemned section which is why it wasn't on the floor plans. They were going to tear that section down but put it off until later." Brian said and added, "I'm sorry, Don. I know I fucked up."

"We don't even know there is anyone in there," Don commented. He started walking toward the door and as he did all three of them heard something on the other side. "Who's there?"

"Don, is that you?"

"Kevin? Are you alright?"

"I'm okay. I'm here with my friend, Bryan. I want to talk to you and then I'll bring Bryan out." By the time Kevin said this, he had the door open. Before Kevin said anything to Don, he walked over and hugged his son.  

Brian held onto him tightly. "Dad, are you alright? I was so worried. I love you." All of this rolled out at once. 

Justin hugged Kevin, too. "What can we do for you, Kevin?"

"Could you maybe get a couple sandwiches from the kitchen? I think Bryan and I could both use something to eat." He leaned and whispered to Justin, "I need to talk to Don without Brian around."

"Come on, Bri. Let's go get some food for your dad. You will get to talk to him after Don has." Justin guided Brian down the hall and Kevin took Don in to meet Bryan.

 

When Brian and Justin started walking back with the food, Kevin met them halfway. "Let's just go to my office. I'm hungry and I can tell you all about it while I eat."

"Where is the guy?" Brian looked around.

"Don called a car to take him in."

"He belongs behind bars!" Brian said as they walked into the room and Kevin dropped down behind his desk.

"Brian, I am hoping he doesn't need to spend time in jail. He needs help, not punishment."

"Dad, that fuck kidnapped you! He held you captive for 24 hours. And all you can say is he needs help!" Justin put his hand on Brian's thigh and squeezed gently.

"Let's listen. I'm sure Kevin has a good reason to say that."

Twenty minutes later Kevin's plate of food was gone and Brian and Justin had heard the whole story. "Kevin, I can understand why you want to help him but I am not sure he should get off."

"I just want to make sure he gets the help he needs. I need to make a call to my lawyer. He can start checking into what the charges will be and how we can help."

"Dad, you're coming home with us. You did get hit in the head at least once and, well, I need to know you are safe and at Britin I can control that."

Kevin started to argue but he saw the look on his son's face and, standing, he said, "I'll either have to stop by my place or borrow some clothes."

Brian walked over, helping Kevin with his coat, "You can have anything you want in my closet."

 

While Brian drove, both Justin and Kevin texted and made some calls letting everyone know he was safe.

"I miss Gus like crazy, but I am kind of glad he wasn't around this weekend. Aaron and Jessi don't understand all this but Gus would pick up that something was wrong immediately," Justin's voice gave away how tired he was.

"I think we all could use a nap when we get back to the estate," Brian said, glancing into the mirror to see Justin resting his head against the window. 

 

When they arrived, Henry did a quick once over on Kevin and then, along with Brian and Justin, all three men went upstairs for naps. They planned to wake up about the time the kids did so they could spend the rest of the afternoon with them and then have a quiet night at home. Aaron and Jessi loved having Kevin at the house.

Brian and Justin dropped into bed before 10:00 p.m. Neither of them had slept much the night before and now they were both drained. Brian laid his head on Justin's chest and let his fingers slide sometimes under, sometimes over the waistband of his briefs. From time to time his fingers ran along the top of his pubic hair. "Sunshine," Brian said softly as he kissed Justin's warm skin, "do you think the guy should be able to just go free?"

"I'm not sure that is what Kevin wants. I think he knows that the guy has some mental health issues and he doesn't want him to be thrown in a cell with no help." Justin's hand was stroking Brian's hair.

"Isn't he the same as Hobbs, really?"

Justin bent his head and kissed the top of Brian's, "I can't doubt your dad's reasoning. He was there. I wasn't." As Justin spoke Brian's hand slid into his briefs and Brian began to slowly stroke Justin's cock. He moved so his head was level with Justin's and their lips were drawn together like attracting magnets. Justin's hand went into Brian's briefs and as they kissed and stroked each other until they both climaxed.

As they were both drifting off, Brian, with a sleep filled voice said, "Kevin will deal with it, and we'll be there for him. Thanks, Sunshine. You always know what to say."

 

Kevin had gone back to Legacy on Monday. Blake had already calmed their clients down and when Father Kevin arrived he called a gathering of all of them to explain. "I am sure this has been frightening for all of you but I just want to assure you that the young man that did this is more like you than you can know. He had a childhood like many of you and he thought if he did what he did, his family would accept him for who he was. The problem is, he isn't who they want him to be and you all know that who you are is not something you can choose. Bryan Fredrick, although he will have to pay in some way for what he did, will get the counseling and the acceptance he has needed all his life."

Someone called out, "He won't come here, will he?"

"I think coming here, with his guilt, would be a bad choice for his healing but there are other places, just as good, that I will help him get in."

Another voice from the group said, "Not as good as here."

This had Kevin smiling, "I do appreciate that. We hope all of you feel that way but, of course, there are many good places. Bryan will get the same attention each of you have, to become the person he truly is." Kevin then sent everyone back to the normal schedule. He wanted to get everyone back to normality so the events of the past would now be forgotten.

The next few weeks at Britin also got into a normal routine. Justin felt stronger every day and Henry had settled into his new position. The kids loved him so it was much easier for Connor to work with James more. Brian and Justin had also talked to J.Jay and Henry about coming along with them to Atlanta. They rented the same place they had stayed the summer before. They planned to go down as soon as Gus was finished with school. Sally and Brandy were looking for a cook and a housekeeper for them. Brian would work from the house while they were there and Justin would be working out of a gallery with J.Jay.  

Kevin would spend the time in Atlanta working with Tom at the center he had started there so many years ago. While they were there they would be having a grand reopening of the center.  While Tom was in charge there had been heavy remodeling and it would now be renamed Legacy South. Tom's wife Natalia, although her main career was as a pastry chef, also helped Tom from time to time. Being trans gave her an insight that most people didn't have.

And everyone was excited to see Sally and Brandy and the latest addition to their family. No one had met Kelin Cae, yet, in person, but they were all very excited. Everyone was anxious to have the whole family together for a short while anyway. 

Brian had talked to Lindsay and found she was taking a work trip to Europe over the summer so Gus would be with them the first two months and when she returned she would stop over in Atlanta to collect Gus for the remainder of the summer. 

 

As April moved into May, Brian was spending long days away from Britin. Justin knew he was getting everything ready at the office for his departure for the summer, which meant hours in his office with Ted and the other department heads. Of course he will still be working, but there were things that just required his personal touch.  

On a Friday, two weeks before they were to leave, Justin got a text from Ted, ‘Can you talk?'  Justin was working with J.Jay and said, "Why don't you take a little break and see what time lunch will be ready. In J.Jay's way he nodded and left the studio and Justin immediately called Ted. "Ted, is something wrong?"

"Justin, I have never seen him so upset. One of our biggest clients told him he was not signing his new contract and along with one of our most experienced employees, left. At first he was furious but now, I think he is hurt. I just have never seen him like this. He is tired from all the extra hours he has put in and... I just needed to let you know."

"Thanks, Ted. I know the exhaustion has been wearing on him. Is he really busy this afternoon?"

"You know, Brian. He is always busy when he is here in the office, but I know, because of the client not signing, Brian's last meeting of the day has been canceled. His calendar should be clear after 3:30."

"Please tell Cynthia not to let him schedule anything else. I will be there by 4:00 to take him out of there."

Justin could hear Ted's amusement when he said, "What are you planning, Justin?"

"I really don't know. I need to talk to everyone here first but I should be able to come up with something."

 

By 3:15, Justin had been assured that between Charly, Connor, Henry, Shadow, and even J.Jay, the children would be well cared for. He had packed clothes for both himself and Brian. He had thought about staying at the B&B but on second thought, he decided to take him to the loft.  Their first home together might remind him of their early life and the beginning of Kinnetik. He couldn't say they were ever hurting for money but there were times when Brian came home discouraged or angry and they would order in Chinese and sit by the coffee table and, well... It had been a long time since it was just the two of them in the loft. As much as he loved his life, he sometimes missed the early days. They fought more, but making up was always worth it.  

As Justin drove, he thought back. He remembered the time the loft was broken into and everything was stolen. Brian was so mad at him but when it was all settled, whether or not Justin forgot to set the security, Brian realized he was partially to blame as many men as he invited in regularly. Justin shivered at the thought of their early love making. It was far more physical than emotional for Brian, but it always stirred Justin to his core.

Justin pulled into a reserved spot at Kinnetik and walked into the lobby. The minute he entered he heard Brian's voice coming from his office. Justin caught Cynthia's eye. "You are here just in time. He's losing it because I didn't schedule anyone in the empty spot this afternoon."

Justin kissed her cheek. "You're a saint, Cynthia. I'll take him off your hands. If we don't come out soon, don't come looking for us."

"I won't, Justin. I am so glad you are back better than before. He needs you."

"No more than I need him." Justin smiled at her and walked to his office door and then through it.

 

"Cynthia, what didn't you do for me now?" he shouted. Brian was sitting with his back to the door. Justin didn't say anything but walked up behind him and as he put his arms around Brian's neck he softly said, "I'm not Cynthia. Am I still welcome?" He kissed his jaw line just in front of his ear.

"She called you?" Brian grumbled.

Justin turned Brian around and sat on his lap. "No, she didn't call me."

"Fuckin' Ted." 

Justin put his arms around Brian and hugged him tightly. He softly said, "Babe, it was a bad day but I hope tonight will be better. So you lost a client, we still love you." Brian's arms went around Justin and held him tightly.

"I feel like I was... I don't even have a word, maybe betrayed. I spent the last six years training him and then, not only does he leave, but he takes the client with him. I can sue him. I will sue him."

Justin gently kissed his cheek, "I don't know how he could do that to you. I mean you are the," Justin kissed his jawline. "He will never find a boss who," Justin kissed his mouth and began to unbutton his shirt. "Damn, you are so beautiful even with that pouty, kissable mouth." He kissed him again and this time he invaded Brian's mouth with his tongue and then as he left Brian's mouth he kissed the spot on his chest that he just revealed and then he slipped off his lap and yanked Brian's shirt out of his pants and then began to undo his fly.

"Whoa, Sunshine. As much as I want that right now, there are too many people in the office. Give me 10 minutes and we can... oh, you drove in. It's a little early for dinner."

"We aren't going home. Well, not to Britin. The kids are taken care of. We will be home for dinner tomorrow night."

"Where are we going?" Brian redid his fly and started buttoning his shirt.

"I'll drive. You can leave your car here for now." 

Brian reached out and pulled Justin against his body. There was no doubt Brian needed him. "I hope it isn't far."

"Not far at all, Bri." He offered his hand but Brian slipped his arm around his waist instead. As they moved toward the door Brian stopped at Cynthia's desk and kissed her cheek and whispered something before joining Justin and walking out the door. "What did you say?"

"I just apologized. I'm not an animal." He kissed Justin's temple and they walked to Justin's SUV.

Fifteen minutes later Justin pulled into the parking spot next to the loft. "Are we just changing here? I saw bags in the back." Brian asked quizzically. Justin didn't respond, got out of the car and walked to the back where Brian met him and they each took a bag.  

"Come on, Sunshine, what are we doing?"

"Absolutely nothing. No. Well, I hope we do something, but we are staying at our loft. We are going to order Chinese, and we are going to eat it sitting on the rug and then... I hope... we can have a little consoling sex on our old bed." They got on the lift and then off by the loft door.

"Oh, I am sure I could muster that," Brian kissed Justin's neck as he pressed him against the door. "I haven't been here in a long time. I hope it isn't  musty smelling."

Justin unlocked it and slid it open. Both Brian and Justin took in a sharp breath. Justin put his arm through Brian's and led him in. There were candles lit on nearly every flat surface and the room was filled with fragrance. "Who did this?" Brian asked.

"I may have called Mom and Molly and asked them to meet a delivery from that great store that makes those organic candles. They put together scents that worked together."

"Damn, they really did a great job." Brian backed Justin up slowly and once he was pressed against one of the steel I beams his mouth came down on Justin's willing lips. Justin pushed Brian's suit jacket off of his shoulders and then tugged the shirt out of the waist band. Justin ran his hand across Brian's flat abs and then moved them upward. Brian quickly undid the buttons and by the time Justin's hands reached his shoulders he pushed the shirt away.

Justin pulled him down and their lips nearly sizzled when their tongues met. It was Brian's turn for his hands to be busy. First they had to separate long enough for the shirt to come off and then his pants were falling to his ankles as Brian turned him around and then entered Justin. It was fast and hard and it did remind them both of so many occasions when they were first together.

As Brian kissed Justin's jawline Justin said, "Go take a quick shower, Bri. Dinner will be delivered in twenty minutes or I would join you."

"Well then, I'll just wash off and we can take a long shower later." Brian dropped a kiss on his upturned nose. "Sunshine, thank you."

"For what?"

"For reminding me what is really important. This might cause a few business adjustments but it won't change the success of Kinnetik. I'll just have to make my husband work a little harder." Brian winked at him and kissed Justin once more before moving toward the bedroom.

 

Justin heard the water of the shower turn off just as the buzzer at the downstairs door went off.  "Hey, just put it on the elevator and I'll bring it up, I put a tip on the elevator already."  

Justin let him in and as he waited at the top he heard the delivery guy say, "$100! Hey, thanks!" 

Justin pushed the up button and the elevator arrived. He picked up the bag and entered the loft, shutting the door behind him. When he turned, Brian stood at the bottom of the steps. Justin held his breath. He was only wearing his old pair of jeans he always left here. They rode low on his hips and his bare toes stuck out from under the frayed bottom. Justin realized he wasn't breathing and inhaled deeply. "Damn," he said under his breath. "Every time you wear those pants I just want to get you out of them."

Brian walked over and touched his cheek, "Let's eat. We will need our energy later tonight. I am guessing you remembered to have beer in the fridge?"

"Yes, Mom brought a few things for tonight and for breakfast." Brian walked to the kitchen and Justin watched him take every step. His body was still perfect. As he reached for the beers Justin saw his muscles ripple across his shoulders and he thought about the first night, right here in the loft. Brian poured that bottle of water over his head and..."

"Earth to Justin. Where'd you go, Sunshine?"

"I didn't go anywhere but I was back about six years ago. You haven't changed a bit."

"Liar. Just look at all the gray hair I have. I even have some in my pubes."

They walked to the coffee table together and once they sat, Justin said, "You know it just makes you more handsome."

Brian rolled his eyes, "What did you get?"

"I just ordered a variety. Some egg rolls, some soup, and a couple entrees."

The next half hour they ate and drank. They talked about the family, the estate, and the trip they were planning. Craig was not mentioned. Brian had told Justin he would take care of all the lawyer stuff unless it was something specifically for Justin. Justin was better but he had a hard three months. When he had to get involved he would, but until then Brian had it under control.

As they had both tried everything and had a couple beers their focus went from the food on the table to the feast they saw, looking at each other. When Justin couldn't take it any longer he took Brian's hand and started by licking off each finger and then he began to work his way up the arm and then to the shoulder, pushing Brian down on the white fur rug, as he did. Once Brian was flat and Justin was laying on top of him, Brian rolled so Justin was under him.

"Justin Taylor, I don't know how I got so lucky. It is like you know everything I am thinking, good and bad, and know just what to do to make it better."

"Love, you do the same for me. I think the last three months were harder on you than me. You took care of everything at the house and at the office."

"Our house staff, I hate to call them that, don't need us. They handle our kids and the house with or without us."

"We are really lucky to have our crew." Justin slowly licked his lips and then Brian used his own tongue to trace them sending a shiver through Justin's whole body.

"We could have sex where we are or we could make love in the first bed we made love in." Justin nodded and Brian popped up and then offered his hand, helping him off the rug. They walked hand in hand up the two steps to the bedroom. Brian stopped and faced Justin. He slowly tugged off Justin's shirt, dropping kisses on his warm skin, and once the shirt was off he slowly pulled down Justin's pants and held his hand as he stepped out of them. He then walked behind him and ran a fingertip, dropping kisses as his mouth traced the same path as his finger. When Brian's finger moved down the valley between his perfect ass cheeks Justin's knees started to buckle at the sensation. Brian moved him to the bed and as soon as Justin sat he reached for Brian's waist band and slowly undid the fly. He knew he would find nothing under them and he was correct. He ran his hand under the band and then down across Brian's ass making the pants fall to the floor and Justin pressured Brian to step closer and then he began to satiate himself on Brian's cock. He licked, nibbled, and kissed his penis everywhere but the head, driving Brian almost to madness. 

And then Brian was positioning himself and Justin propped one of his legs on Brian's shoulder.  As Brian moved in, Justin tensed and then sighed with the familiar feeling that was all he could think of some days. They were one. They had been since the night they met. 

As they both felt the tension of their love building, neither could think of anything but the man they were joined to. Their love making was always amazing, but tonight went to another level of connection. As they looked into each other's eyes there was an explosion of emotions and feelings. Both of them cried out, but then Brian brought his mouth down on Justin's again and they both shivered as they came down slowly, not wanting the feeling to ever end.

 

As the sun rose, Brian and Justin tasted and touched before Justin made love to Brian, after he had turned his back to Justin. If Justin asked him to, he would bottom, but it was rare that Brian initiated it. As Justin sank into him, Brian sighed and turned so Justin could kiss him. "I needed that this morning. Damn, I love feeling your body, and my body wanted to feel as much of you as I could." As Justin began to move, it was slow but powerful. He refused to give in before Brian, but when he felt him tighten around him, Justin lost it as Brian did too.

After dozing in each other's arms, Justin tried to get out without waking him but Brian grabbed Justin's hand. "Where ya' going?" He kissed each knuckle.

"I need to piss and then I think I'll shower. What do you want to do today?" Justin asked over his shoulder as he walked into the bathroom. Justin didn't wait for the answer but after relieving himself, he started the water. Brian did the same and then stepped in behind him.

"Why are you showering already if we have no plans?" Brian ran his hand over Justin's water slicked skin.

"I guess I want to show off my beautiful husband." Justin turned his head so they could kiss. "I do have reservations for a late lunch."

"How about going shopping? It has been a very long time since we did that."

Justin turned and smiled up at him, "How about I pick something for you and you pick something for me for a special night when we are down in Atlanta?"

"Can it be something in clear plastic?" Brian's hand slid over Justin's ass.

"Sure, can we go to a club? I haven't shown my ass in a very long time." He turned and rubbed his ass against Brian's cock. "Have I still got it?"

"I better be the only one that gets it." Brian smacked the wet backside hard enough to sting a bit.

"Hey!" Justin said in surprise as Brian pulled him close and kissed him, bending him backward. When he straightened them both up, both of them were aroused again. This time Justin rested his cheek on the wall of the shower as Brian entered him. They made love slowly and with the passion only true soulmates can achieve.

 

After dressing and eating some of the rolls and juice Jenn had left for them, it was time to go.  As they left the loft they checked on the kids and then, with Justin behind the wheel, they went shopping.  

They were measured for great linen suits they would wear to Justin's gallery events this summer. They each picked out several button downs for the other to wear to add some individuality. And then, as they strode through streets near Liberty Avenue, they started shopping for others. They stopped by the little shop Em used to work in and after buying something in the children's section for each of their kids and for Amelia and Kelin. All of the outfits had the same floral pattern. Brian then walked over to a rack of basic dress shirts and found an emerald shirt that would fit Kevin that complimented the children's outfits. There would definitely be a family photo while they were in Atlanta.  

"Our suits will work with all this. Do we dare buy the girls something?" Justin asked.

"I think we have to now." Brian walked over to a rack and within a couple minutes he had two sundresses picked out. They were beautiful and flowy.

"Bri, those are perfect. I know they will love them and they are forgiving enough that if we have the size wrong it will still work."

They found some ‘play wear' for Em and James. They knew James would roll his eyes at what they bought but he would wear it for Em because Em would love it.

They stopped by a little market that had authentic island food and picked up some fruit they knew Ronni loved, and for Charlie and Connor they found a perfect mirror to use in the barn they just finished remodeling. For J.Jay and Henry, they stopped at a liquor store and bought each a bottle of high quality bourbon of different brands.

Brian looked at Justin, "Matchmaking are you?" he said as they put their final packages into the back of the SUV.

"J.Jay never looks happier than when he is with Henry. And I have to say, Henry seems to enjoy the attention. If they aren't sexually attracted to each other, it is the beginning of a great friendship."

Justin shut the trunk and Brian pulled him against him. "I love you, Justin. Yesterday at this time I hated the world. Who knew a night of making love and a day of shopping could change my world? You did."

"Awe, Brian," Justin reached up and stroked his cheek, "I love you, too." He smiled, "Ready for lunch?"

"Where are we going?"

"I know someone who knows someone and got us an invitation to a pop up restaurant."  

"Are we dressed well enough?" Brian looked down at their jeans.

"It is in an old factory on the river, very casual and, since it is such a nice day, we will eat out on a dock."

"It is a perfect day to eat alfresco." Brian smiled over at Justin.

By the time they were finished eating, Brian was more relaxed than he had been in months.  Justin had sipped his wine but Brian had tried everything they offered and he actually fell asleep on the way home. Justin had to smile over at him. He had a flashback of what Brian must have looked like at Gus' age. He wondered if Brian ever felt that relaxed as a child. He would do anything for this man and just seeing him so relaxed made Justin feel lighthearted.

 

When they arrived home, after giving everyone their gifts, they gave all the staff the night off. They all went off to their own spaces but as Brian played catch with Aaron, he saw Henry cross the pool deck from the main house to the pool house where J.Jay lived. "Damn, Justin was right again." 

"Daddy, naughty word."

Brian, laughed and swooped Aaron high above his head. He was giggling as Justin walked in with Jessi holding on to his fingers walking ahead of him. "What is so funny here?"

As Brian set Aaron down he squatted down and reached for Jessi who took several steps toward him. He then threw her in the air like he had just done with Aaron.

"Daddy, naughty word," Aaron said as Justin picked him up for a kiss.

"Daddy said a naughty word?" Justin looked at Brian. "What naughty word, did you say, Daddy?"

"I'm not repeating it but Henry is visiting J.Jay."

Justin smiled and kissed Brian's cheek. "Do you think we should forgive Daddy this time?"

Aaron grinned and looked at Brian, "We love Daddy."

"Yes we do, Aaron.

The rest of the night they had dinner and then read to the kids sitting on Gus' bed before putting the kids in bed for the night. Brian and Justin went to their room and sat on the love seat in the room as they listened to music. 

"There was only one thing that would have made this day perfect," Brian said, wrapping his arms around Justin and kissing his temple.

"I miss Gus, too. I am so glad he is going to be with us most of the summer. I don't know how Lindz could be away from him for so long." Justin relaxed against him, "Well, her loss is our gain."

"Interested in sharing that big, copper tub in the bathroom?"

"I think that is the perfect way to end our day." Justin stood and, taking Brian's hand they moved to the bathroom and they sat facing each other. "I'm glad I could make you feel better. You don't have anything to worry about. It is disappointing when someone you thought you could trust, betrays you but you will always come out on top."

"Thanks for reminding me of that. Most people would kill for a life like ours and I don't mean the money. We have more love in our makeshift family than anyone I know." 

"Are you too tired to show me a little of that love?" Justin asked.

"Oh, Sunshine, I can't think of anything I'd rather do." 

Justin moved to the other side of the tub and intertwined his legs behind Brian's back. As Brian lifted Justin up and slowly brought him down on his erection, they both knew as long as they were together they were home. They were a family.

 

Chapter 12 by Simply written

 

It was almost time to leave for Atlanta. On Saturday evening Britin was filled with friends and family. Ted and Blake came over along with Jenn, Tuck, and Molly. Lindsay was there along with everyone that lived on the estate. Cynthia arrived with her latest boyfriend and, of course, Kevin was there, too. Not only was this a going away party but a birthday party for Aaron. It was hard to believe he was going to be two in just a couple weeks. 

Henry and J.Jay were going to drive down one of Brian and Justin's SUVs along with a trailer behind that. The trailer was filled with paintings and art supplies for Justin's summer work and the back of the SUV was filled with luggage and items the kids couldn't live without. They would be leaving in the morning while everyone else was flying down midweek. They should all be in Atlanta the same day.   

Justin had made reservations in small B&Bs for Henry and J. for the trip. They had all seen glimmers of a romance but nothing had happened yet. As Justin made the reservations he was sure when they got to Atlanta they would either know they were just made to be friends or they would both be in love. He couldn't wait to see what was waiting for the two of them.  

Ronni was fawning over all three of the children. "If I didn't have Amelia, I don't think I would let you leave." 

"Ronni, you couldn't tell my daddies what to do, could you?" Gus asked.

"Son, if Ronni said we were staying here, we would stay here." Brian said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and kissing her temple.

"Well, maybe we can come down to visit for a week?"

"You are very welcome. We have rented the same large house but we also have an apartment above the gallery. We aren't sure yet if J.Jay will stay there or if we will use that for guests. We also have a pool house with lots of room." Brian looked at Justin

"Mom and Tuck are coming so maybe talk to each other so you aren't down there all at the same time or we might run out of room."

After the meal, Aaron opened his gifts but set them to the side. His favorite people were much more important to him than toys although they were all assured Aaron loved all of them. They would be packed in the car with Henry and J.Jay so they would be in Atlanta for him to play with.

As the evening moved on and the kids went down, they sipped wine and enjoyed each other's company. Eventually, after everyone helped clean up the kitchen, they started leaving. As they did, Brian and Justin had to smile as they heard everyone comparing schedules and they were fairly sure everyone would come for at least a weekend. And while some people might want time alone, Brian and Justin loved the chance to see all of them.

As Kevin left, they reviewed the flights and set up a time the airport car would be picking up everyone at Britin and then stopping by Kevin's so they would all arrive together. They were taking an early flight and hoped the kids would sleep but it was one adult to one child so they should be able to handle it.

 

Kevin would have the community open house for Legacy now that the threat was taken care of. Besides that Kevin refused to leave the city until he knew what was going to happen with Bryan Fredrick. After he had kidnapped Kevin, Kevin fought for him. Finally, Bryan's lawyer and the Deputy district attorney agreed on a decision. Bryan would spend three to six months in a minimum security facility that focused on therapy. By the time Kevin came back from Atlanta he would be nearing the end of his sentence and Legacy already had agreed to continue his therapy if he followed all the requirements of his sentence. Kevin had been in contact with him every few days and the counselor said he was already making good progress. Kevin visited him the day before he left and assured him he was only a phone call away.

 

Justin had been encouraging Brian to visit his mother. It had been nearly a year since Brian had visited her. It was when she had moved out of Kevin's house and into her retirement apartment. Justin tried to go every three or four months so she would see her grandchildren. As much as she tried not to show it, she loved them all, but Gus was her favorite. He had Brian's charm and although they never got along, she seemed to like it in Gus. As they went to bed after the party, Justin continued prodding him. "Bri, please come with us to see your mom."

"Justin, she doesn't want to see me. She has never wanted to see me."

"Brian, she is getting older. Her health is getting worse all the time. If she would pass away, do you really want Gus to think it isn't important to see your parents?"

"Don't try to guilt me into this, Sunshine. That isn't fair. That bitch never thought twice about me."

Justin gently cradled Brian's head in his lap and stroked his hair. "Bri, I'm not trying to pressure you. I just don't want you to look back when it is too late and have any regrets."

They stayed like that for several moments before Brian moved his head to the pillow and Justin laid next to him. Brian pulled him close and they spooned as they started to drift off. Finally Brian said, "I'll think about it. When are you going?"

"Right after lunch tomorrow. Brian..."

Brian stopped him by tightening his arms around him. Justin knew he'd said enough. "Love you, Bri."

"I love you, too, Sunshine."

 

Ronni made lunch for the family. Justin and Brian had not mentioned the visit this morning although Gus had spent the morning coloring a picture for his Grandma Joan. Ronni had made some cookies they could take along. Henry dressed the two younger children in new spring outfits and Gus changed his own clothes. 

"Is everyone ready?" Justin asked the kids.

"Grandma!" Aaron said excitedly.

"You're right, she is your grandma but not the one you're thinking about." Justin took Jessi from Henry and looked at Gus, "Can you hold Aaron's hand while we go down the steps?"

"I've got him," Brian said, as he picked up Aaron.

"Daddy, you're coming with us?" Gus asked.

"Someone has to drive."

"Daddy J. can drive."

Justin smiled at Brian, "We're glad he's coming, aren't we?"

Gus smiled, "Daddy, you haven't seen Grandma Joan in a long time."

"Funny, it seems just like yesterday." Brian looked over at Justin, and Justin mouthed the words, Thank You.

The family drove into the city while Justin gave directions. Brian had only been there once, the day his mother moved in but had never returned. Justin could feel his reluctance and reached over to take his hand. "If you want to say hi, leave and come get us later, I will make an excuse.

"If I need to go I'll make an excuse and you can text me when you are ready to leave."

"You're doing the right thing, Bri. You are showing your kids what a real man is."

"Look, Daddy J. Grandma Joan is waiting for us!"

As soon as Justin opened the door and undid Gus' booster seat Gus slipped out and looked at Justin. Justin nodded and Gus ran to the older woman who opened her arms and accepted his hug. Brian lifted Jessi out and Justin helped Aaron. They walked together to the door. Joan waved Aaron and Justin into the apartment and then looked at Brian coldly. "Well, are you coming in?" Joan glared at Brian.

"Wonderful to see you, too, Mother." As Brian walked past, Joan gently touched Jessi's cheek.

"She is a pretty little girl. Her coffee colored skin... is she yours?"

"Only if my dick is long enough to reach from Pittsburgh to Atlanta."

"Why did you even come? You obviously haven't learned any manners."

"Grandma Joan, aren't you Daddy's mommy. Don't you love him? My mommy loves me.  Don't you miss him? I miss my mommy when she goes away." Gus said so innocently.

Justin could see Joan was feeling trapped and Brian glared at her. "Gus, why don't you come get these cookies and maybe Joan can help you put them on a plate." Gus held out his hand and Joan took it. Once they were out of the room, Brian stood and, handing Jessi to Justin, started toward the door. "Brian, please. You aren't doing this for you. You are doing it for Gus."

Brian swore under his breath but sat back down, and Aaron rushed over to him and threw himself between Brian's knees. Brian picked him up and set him on his lap. As if he knew his daddy needed it, Aaron hugged him tight. Before Brian could get more emotional, he started tickling Aaron and his giggles changed the mood of the room.

Gus walked into the room, "Please come to the table for cookies and milk." He said it very formally and it was obvious Joan had told him what to say. Justin waited for Brian to stand before he moved. Brian took a deep breath and then set Aaron down, and holding his hand, they moved toward the kitchen followed by Justin and Jessi. 

Joan had a small pitcher of milk on the table and three cups for coffee. Justin smiled at Joan, "If you would like to hold Jessi, I will get the sippy cups for these two." Joan sat down and took the happy little girl. He pulled a couple sippy cups from the diaper bag and put some milk in them. Gus sat at one end of the table with Brian around the corner from him. Aaron sat next to Brian with Justin on the other end of the table. Joan was sitting across from Brian with Jessi in her arms.  

Brian watched his mother give Jessi a cookie and then sipped her coffee. After Gus ate a cookie he started another conversation with her. Justin joined in from time to time. Joan took time to talk to Aaron and help Jessi with her cup. Brian wasn't sure what he was really seeing. She still had not acknowledged his presence but she seemed to really enjoy the children. 

"Grandma Joan, you should come to Atlanta with us. We have lots of room."

Brian shot straight up in his chair, "Gus, I am sure your grandma has her summer planned. She wouldn't want to be down there where it is so hot."

"Daddy, Grandma Jenn is visiting part of the time."

With a real look of panic, Brian looked at Justin. Justin jumped in, "Gus, your dad is probably right. It is very hot down there."

"We have a pool and air conditioning."

"Gus, your dads don't want me to visit." Joan's voice was short and she looked directly at Brian.

"Joan, would you really like to visit?" Brian couldn't believe Justin just asked that.

She hesitated, "I have always wanted to visit Atlanta." She looked down at Jessi who had dozed off. Justin gently lifted the sleeping child and sat with her over his shoulder. 

"Fine, Joan. Justin can let you know when we have extra room and you can come visit. Gus wants you there. I love my children and we don't over indulge them but if my son wants to have his grandmother there, we will make it work." Brian stood. "This guy needs a diaper change and then I think we need to go."

 

Ten minutes later, after hugs and kisses for Joan from her grandsons, the kids were in their carseats and Brian was pulling out into traffic. Justin looked over at Brian and knew now was not the time to talk to him. The boys talked a little but soon the back seat was quiet.

Justin reached over and gently touched Brian's cheek, "I love you so much. Only amazing fathers put their kids first. I have a feeling she won't come anyway, but if she does, we will deal with it." Brian didn't respond. "I'll deal with her if she says anything bad. We could have her in the guest room next to us and then have sex all night." That brought a little smile to Brian's face.

"That would serve her right." He said under his breath.

"I'll look at the schedule and find a weekend or a couple days in the middle of the week. Brian, I promise I will deal with her. She really seems to love the kids, and you saw Gus with her."

"I guess an hour visit is one thing but, if she strikes out at one of the kids, I swear," Brian stopped.

"I will deal with her," Justin assured him.

"We'll deal with her," Brian glanced at him. "Damn, it's a good thing you are so pretty." Justin was glad he was trying to be humorous. He knew they would be talking more about this later but the fact Brian didn't say no, made Justin hopeful. He knew Brian and Joan would never be close but if they could be civil was all he hoped for.

 

That night, laying in bed, Justin rested his head on Brian's shoulder. "Brian, are you sure about this? I can talk to Gus and Joan. I don't want it to ruin our summer."

"Get her there and home early in the summer so then I can enjoy the rest of the time."

"I will have, oh ya, J.Jay is already gone. I'll look into it myself."

"Just call her tomorrow and give her a date. No more than 3 nights."

Justin kissed him, "I'll take care of it. What time are we leaving for Legacy tomorrow?"

"The official community open house is from 1:00 to 5:00. I told Dad we would be there around 2:00 and then we need to go home because we will need to leave early the next morning. We will need to be up by 4:00 a.m. I want everything ready that night."

"Bri, it is all ready. Connor is going to make sure our luggage is put in the front entry so it is ready for the car in the morning. We will just need to grab out personal bags. Bri, kiss me." Brian gave him a quick kiss. "You call that a kiss?"

The corners of Brian's mouth curled up and then he was on top of Justin, pressing him into the mattress with his mouth crushing Justin's. When he finally let up a bit, Justin sighed. "Now that's a kiss. You up for more?"

Brian rubbed his erect cock against Justin's thigh. "What do you think?"

Justin slipped from under him and relieved himself of his briefs. Brian took no time to enter him and soon they cried out as their pleasure took over and then, still connected, they both fell into a deep sleep.

 

All three children seemed to know the trip was happening soon. Kevin had texted a couple times already and it was obvious he was excited but also a little nervous. Emmett had offered to do the food, and Debbie, knowing the clients, had asked several to help with it. When Kevin messaged a third time, Justin called Emmett.

"Hey, Em, what's going on with Kevin?"

"I have never seen him this wound up. He found out some guy was coming that could fund the entire program or at least help fund both Atlanta and Pittsburgh."

"That would be amazing. Do you think it would help if we came in earlier?"

"If you can manage it, I think it would be good for Brian to be here. Brian is used to talking with money men."

"We'll be there within the hour." 

 

An hour later, Brian, Justin, and all three kids, arrived at Legacy. Gus and Aaron ran to their grandpa and Kevin dropped to a knee to hug both of the boys. To his surprise, Justin put Jessi down about three feet from him and Jessi toddled over to her grandfather.

"Wow!  When did this happen?" Kevin hugged his granddaughter.

"She just started taking a step or two. I knew she would want to show you." Justin said, smiling at his father-in-law.

"Dad, I heard someone you weren't expecting is coming today."  Brian gave his dad a side hug.

"Do you know him?"

"I don't know who it is we're talking about. I just heard you were notified someone was coming."

"Do you know Drew Boyd?" Kevin asked Brian.

"Drew Boyd," Brian thought for a second, "He's that football player that came out. Emmett always said he could tell that guy was gay. I think they may have had a thing for a short time but he never verified it."

"Kevin," Justin interrupted. "Does Emmett know that's who is coming?"

"No. Well, I doubt it." Kevin responded.

Justin took Jessi from Kevin. "I am going to go talk to him. Bri, keep an eye on the boys."

"Ya, we got them. Good idea to talk to him,"  Brian said.

"Emmett and Drew Boyd were an item?"

"We really don't know how serious it was. It was when Justin  was with his father and I spent most of my time with Jennifer and Molly... or by myself. I didn't mean to desert my friends but I..."

"You had lost the love of your life even though you felt he was still there." Kevin smiled as he picked Aaron up off the floor. "Your friends understood."

 

Justin walked into the kitchen, "Debbie, is Em around?"

"Oh, Sunshine, look at that beauty. May I?" She reached for her and Jessi reached out to her.  

"Sure, Debbie. Em?"

"He just went out to his car to get a couple more boxes."

"I'll go help him since I know she is in good hands." Justin kissed Debbie's cheek and headed out the door. He saw Emmett standing by the trunk of his car.  

"Hey, Justin, what's up?"

"I heard you had some things to bring in."

"Ya, but it is nothing I can't carry."

"Em, sit down for a minute." Justin sat on the back end of the vehicle.

"What is it, Justin? Is my bow tie crooked?" Emmett reached for the plaid tie at his neck.

"Em, that special guest today? Do you know who it is?"

"No, not a clue. Do you know?"

"Emmett, it's Drew."

"Drewsy? Um, I mean Drew Boyd is going to be here?" Instinctively, Em ran his hand through his hair.

"I didn't want you to be surprised. I know you don't talk about it, but everyone knows something happened between the two of you."

"There wasn't that much to tell. Drew wasn't ready yet. I knew he would eventually be true to himself but I wasn't going to wait around. I needed to let my light shine."

"And look at your great family now."

"I know, Sunshine. James is the only man for me but..."

"Drew was a beautiful distraction at the time?"

"Ya," Em stood and handed one box to Justin, picked up the second one and shut the back door. "Thanks for letting me know. It would have been much harder if we just bumped into each other." They walked side by side to the Center.

"Em, you aren't ..."  

"That man isn't half the man my Jamesy is. I have the man I was always meant to have. I have everything I ever wanted. I mean, you've seen our Amelia."

"Yes, and she is as perfect as a baby can be."

 

When Justin got back to the building and wrestled Jessi away from Debbie, he located Brian and Kevin. He looked and didn't see either of the boys. "Um, Brian, where are our boys?"

"They are in Dad's office with one of the clients." 

Kevin added, "Don't worry, Justin. I have known him since the place opened and is a nursing student. You know I wouldn't let my grandsons with someone I didn't trust 100%."

"I am sure you wouldn't," Justin kissed Kevin's cheek. "When is Drew supposed to arrive?"

"Any minute," Kevin looked nervous.  

"I think it's great he is doing something worthwhile with all his money. Maybe Em loved his heart as much as his body."

"Well, that is some body," Brian whistled low and Justin turned around to see the retired football player.

Kevin moved to the door and greeted the man. Justin looked at Brian. "You didn't have anything to do with this, did you?"

"The only connection I have is I mentioned it to the company I use for filming commercials sometimes and they worked with Drew in a public service message and mentioned it to him. Drew said he was looking for a new charity." Brian smiled down, "Don't look now but here they come." 

"Drew, I think you have met my son Brian," Kevin said.

"Hey, Brian, it has been a long time." Drew offered his hand and Brian shook it.

"Nice to see you. I don't know if you ever met my husband, Justin."

Drew looked at Justin, "It is nice to meet you, Justin. I remember following your story and then the court case that followed. I hope you are doing well."

Justin offered his hand, "I am doing fine. It's good to meet you."

"And who is the gorgeous girl?" Drew asked as he touched Jessi's chubby hand. 

"This is Jessi, our youngest. Our two boys will make an appearance soon, I'm sure."

Kevin reached for the little girl, "I need to introduce Jessi to a couple friends of mine. Can you two make sure Drew is introduced around?" Without waiting for an answer, Kevin walked away.

"You two have what I hope to have some day. I have a child with my ex-wife but I'm ready to settle down with a family now. Brian, weren't you friends with Emmett Honeycutt?"

"Yes, he is." Emmett said from behind Drew, holding a tray of finger food. Drew whipped around and saw Emmet standing there. "Would you like something to eat?"

"Emmett, you look... nice to see you!"

"Good to see you, too, Drew. I am glad you are being the real you now."

"I have you to thank for that."

Justin took Emmett's tray of food and took Brian's elbow, guiding him away, giving Em and Drew a chance to talk. 

"Emmett, you do look great. I haven't seen you in a long time. What are you up to these days?"

"I've been married for a couple years to an amazing man and we had a daughter in January."

"Well, it sounds like you are doing well. When I saw Kinney, I thought maybe he could get me your information. You know, Em," Drew touched Em's elbow, "I had hoped we might be able to..."

"Sorry, Drew, but I have never been so happy. James treats me like a queen. And he is the best partner I could ever imagine."

"Are you sure?" Drew looked deep into Emmett's eyes.

Em couldn't find his voice for a second but then he said, "I am sure, Drew. I would never have married him if I didn't know it was forever. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make sure the food is being offered." He quickly walked away. 

Brian saw Emmett walk back to the kitchen. "Well, not sure what was said but I think Em is on top."

Justin laughed, "I think it is rare for Em to be a top." He kissed Brian. "Looking at Drew, Em gave him his walking papers."

 

The rest of the day went smoothly. There were publicity pictures with Drew, Kevin, and Blake, and one with Kevin, Brian, Justin, and the kids, as well as one with Blake and Ted. Emmett had slipped away before the pictures were done so by the time Drew was looking for him, Em was halfway back to Britin.  

When Brian and Justin arrived home with the kids, Connor, along with Shadow, went upstairs with the kids. The plan was to force the kids to stay awake and then put them down for the night early since they would have to be up at 4:30 a.m. to leave for the airport. 

After the children were down for the night and Brian and Justin sat out on the patio with the baby monitor between them they sipped bourbon. "Who's that?" Brian asked. He pointed to a figure coming through the backyard gate.

Justin looked, "Em, is that you?"

"Yes, it's me."

"What's up? We didn't expect to see you again before we left." As he came closer, Justin could see Emmett was stressed. "Hey, Brian, why don't you check on the kids and when you come back bring Em a glass."

Brian stood. "I don't need anything to drink. I won't be here long." Brian shrugged and went into the house. Once Brian was inside Emmett looked over at Justin.

"Em, what's wrong?"

"Oh, Justin, I lied to James. I never lie to him but right now he thinks I am walking to the barn to talk to Charly about her helping me with a job. But I'm here. I just can't shake this feeling."

"What did Drew say?"

"He didn't say anything really, but it is this feeling. As soon as I saw him my body tingled. Just looking at him I..."

"You didn't do anything. You didn't hide the fact you were married, did you?"

"Of course not. I told him I was married and we had a daughter. I told him I was in love and happy."

"And that's true, isn't it?"

"Of course it is, but why did I feel like that seeing Drewsy?" Emmett sat down in the chair Brian had abandoned.

Justin reached over and took Em's hand, "Em, just because you had a physical reaction to a man you had sex with, and I have a feeling it was more than just sex, doesn't mean you love James less. Hell, Brian and I both talked about James before you were in his life. We are committed but we both saw how beautiful he was. We would have never done anything about it, but looking never hurt." He squeezed his hand once more. "Did you tell James?"

"No. Well, I guess I had told him long ago that I had met him and I told him I saw him again today, but he doesn't know we... James and I both agreed early on, we never discussed previous relationships."

"Then you have not done anything wrong but if you are feeling like this, tell James. You have done nothing wrong. The truth is always the best." 

Em nodded and stood. Justin stood and the men hugged. "James loves you as much as Brian loves me. You don't have to tell him every detail of your relationship but assure him he is your one and only. I don't think he will doubt you." Em kissed Justin but he jumped back when the door opened.    

"Have a great trip and thanks, Justin." Emmett jogged away.

With a smile on his face Brian called after him, "You better run, making the moves on my man." He turned to Justin and kissed him, plundering his mouth with his tongue. "Remember, that's the kiss you want."

"There was never any doubt." Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and pulled him down for one more kiss. "I think we better go to bed and SLEEP," he said as Brian grabbed his ass, pulling him close.

"Buzz kill!" They walked into the house, locking the door behind them. 

 

The next morning was a blur of movement. Brian and Justin were so thankful for Charly and Connor who got up to help them with the kids and by 5:15 they were on the road in the Airport transportation van. Emmett and James were moving into the main house for the summer. They would use Jessi's nursery for Amelia, and James and Em would sleep in the room on the other side of it. They didn't want the big house to be empty. 

The van pulled up in front of Kevin's place and when they got to the airport, the driver took care of the luggage while each of the men carried a sleeping child. One of the carts that transport people happened to be going past and stopped. The porter waved the men over. "You look like you could use a lift. I can take you to the Security Point and I will have a buddy of mine pick you up on the other side."

When they arrived at TSA, Brian handed the young man a $100 bill and, true to his word, another porter waited for them at the other side. Because of their rides they arrived with lots of time. Brian set Gus on the chair and he leaned against Justin as Brian went and got coffees for all of them.

"Are we ready for this?" Brian asked both Kevin and Justin.

"I can't wait to have more family time. I know you will still be working but if we both work most mornings and you and I will have a few evenings with my art but most afternoons and evenings you and I will have with the kids. I am also expecting a date night weekly. Brian and Justin kissed over the aisle."

"And I am so excited to be able to come home to these dolls every night. And I will get to see the latest addition. I can't wait to meet Kelin Cae. To have my whole family in one city is all a man can ask for."

Two hours later the plane began to descend and the summer adventure began.

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1807