Legacy 2 - Atlanta: Art, Ancestry, and Animosity by Simply written
Summary:

 

Brian and Justin have moved the family to Atlanta for the summer. Justin planned to focus on his art students and his own work. J.Jay, his assistant, would be helping him at the gallery and with the other young artists that would come and go throughout the summer.

Brian had a couple leads for new clients he planned on working on this summer but his main plan was to spend as much time with his kids as he could. He especially wanted to spend time with Gus. Since Lindsay had come back to the states, Brian felt like he was missing out on so much more and Gus was growing up so fast. Henry had come along to take care of the kids. A housekeeper had been hired to do some of the cooking and to clean while they were there. It was the perfect home away from home for the Taylor-Kinney clan.

Kevin had started the Center years earlier and now had bigger plans for Legacy Atlanta. Tom Butterfield had been running the place since Kevin had moved to Pittsburgh. His wife, Natalia, had been working with Brandy and Sally, Kevin's adopted daughters, and he couldn't wait to meet his newest granddaughter, Kelin Cae, who had been named after him. They planned to open a new, expanded Center that would be able to help more struggling, young adults.

Another benefit to the trip was to get away from Craig Taylor. If it was the last thing they did, they were keeping full custody of Aaron. Craig may have donated sperm, but that was his only contribution. He was still on parole, so he wasn't allowed to leave the state... or was he?

 


Categories: QAF US Characters: Blake Wyzecki, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Craig Taylor, Cynthia, Debbie Novotny, Emmett Honeycutt, Father Tom Butterfield, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Jennifer Taylor, Justin Taylor, Original Female Character, Original Male Character
Tags: 10k+ Word Count
Genres: None
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 71727 Read: 1790 Published: Apr 08, 2023 Updated: Apr 08, 2023
Story Notes:

 

As with her other stories, this was written by Simply written, not by me. I am just posting it for her.

~Lorie

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

5. Chapter 5 by Simply written

6. Chapter 6 by Simply written

7. Chapter 7 by Simply written

8. Chapter 8 by Simply written

9. Chapter 9 by Simply written

10. Chapter 10 by Simply written

11. Chapter 11 by Simply written

12. Chapter 12 by Simply written

13. Chapter 13 by Simply written

14. Chapter 14 by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written

 

"Father Kev, over here!" Brandy waved to the group. "Brian, Justin, over here!" The three men, along with the three children moved quickly, Gus running ahead and into Brandy's waiting arms. "Gus, you have gotten SO big!" she said, kissing his cheek.

Brian, Justin, and Kevin, along with Aaron and Jessi, arrived a moment later and hugs were given all around. Kevin looked around, "Where are Kelin and Sally?"

"They are waiting for us at home. I thought, Father Kev, you could come home with me. Brian and Justin, that's your SUV for the summer." She pointed at a vehicle behind her car. "We are all coming over to your place late this afternoon for the pool and dinner. Connie, that's your housekeeper, is going to have dinner ready for all of us at about 6:00. Then we will go home so you can all get settled and I am sure the little ones will be tired."

"Aunt Brandy, I don't go to bed early anymore." Gus looked a little indignant.

"I was talking about your brother and sister, Gus. Of course, someone as big as you would be able to stay awake." Brandy winked at Brian and Justin. Her voice hitched as she said, "I am so glad you are here." 

Kevin put his arm around her before saying, "I'm ready to go." He turned to Brian and Justin, "I'll see you back at your place in a couple hours. I need to get going and see Kelin and Sally!"

Brian walked to Kevin, "Let me take your bag, unless you need something in it."

"Thanks, son. We'll all be over soon." As Brian and Justin buckled the kids into their carseats,  Brandy pulled away with Kevin in the passenger seat. "Brandy, I know you, girl. What is wrong?"  Kevin reached over and gently touched her shoulder.  

"What could be wrong? Our business is going better than we ever could imagine. Adding Natalia to the business was the smartest choice we made, and Kelin, well, she is the most brilliant child I have ever seen, and she is so beautiful!"

"I am sure she is but that tells me what is right. What is wrong? You haven't mentioned Sally." 

"Oh, she is fine. She is back to work. I have to remind her she had a baby sometimes or..." her voice had a tremor in it.

"Tell me what's going on?"

Brandy pulled into a parking lot and found a place to stop the car. She turned toward Kevin and then she said, "She doesn't want to be a mother." 

For a moment Kevin thought she was going to cry, but then he saw anger instead. "Would you mind clarifying for me?" Kevin didn't want to react too sentimental because he knew Brandy was hanging on to her emotions by a thread.

"The doctor says it's postpartum, which I know isn't her fault, but she doesn't understand she needs help. She just doesn't want to have anything to do with Kelin or me. She is talking about leaving. How can she think that way? I just can't do it alone."  

Her words were sharp, but Kevin could see her heart was broken. He managed to hug her and softly said, "We are here to help in any way we can. You don't have to do it alone, Brandy."

"You are my only hope at this point. Don't tell her I told you all that. She told me not to tell you anything."

"You didn't have to. I'd know something was wrong right away but I will pull it out of her."

"Thanks, Kevin, and I am really glad you are all here."

 

Brian and Justin arrived at the place they'd spend the summer. They loved this place. Since they hadn't gotten the house key yet, they rang the bell, knowing the housekeeper would be there. Moments later a plump woman in her 50's opened the door. "Oh, the wee ones are here! Look at these lovelies." The woman reached out and Jessi reached for the woman who took her into her arms.  

"Oh, hey guys!" Henry walked out of the door. "Hey, Gus," Henry said as they did their ‘special' handshake, and then he smiled at Aaron who called out his name. Justin put him down and he ran into Henry's arms.

"Henny!" Aaron wrapped his arms around Henry's neck. "I missed you."

"Come in now! We are letting out all the cool air." Connie walked in and everyone followed. 

Brian bent and kissed Justin's temple and softly said, "I think I like her and, damn, I love you, Sunshine."

"I love you, too, Bri."

Connie had a light lunch waiting for them and she put it on the table with one hand while she held Jessi in the other. "I know you will want to know more about me but these little ones look like they could use a nap very soon. You all might need a lie down, too." She winked at Brian and Justin.

An hour later, J.Jay and Henry each carried one of the little ones to the bedrooms upstairs while Gus ‘helped' Connie clean in the kitchen. As Brian and Justin walked to their room they heard Gus talking to the older woman. "Are you married?" 

"Why, no, I'm not. Are you interested?"

"Maybe," they heard Gus say as they shut the door to their room.

Before saying a word, Brian pulled Justin into his arms and lowered his mouth to Justin's neck. His mouth moved along his jawline and then their lips grazed against each other. Justin then repeated it on Brian, drawing his mouth along the jaw until their lips again touched but this time with much more intensity. As they stumbled toward the bed, Justin pulled back just far enough to say, "Think the kids are Ok?"

"J. and Henry are here and I think Connie will work out perfectly. Now," Brian yanked Justin's shirt off and then started to undo his fly. Justin pulled off Brian's shirt. Soon they were naked and they ran their hands over each other as their skin heated from the contact. Brian yanked the duvet off the bed as Justin pushed him onto the mattress.

Justin straddled Brian's thighs and with Brian helping guide his cock, Justin sank onto it slowly until Brian thrust up forcefully. Justin cried out in pain and surprise but it wasn't long before Justin threw his head back and moved up and down quickly, and Brian thrusted upward to meet him. Justin's cum shot over Brian's chest as he emptied himself deep in Justin's bowels.  

Justin laid on Brian's chest and after a few moments they rolled to their sides still wrapped in each other's arms. "Fuck, that was amazing. I'm hoping for a lot of this going on at noon this summer."

Brian kissed his cheek and then his forehead. "I love the way you think. Did Natalia tell you anything about Connie?"

"Just that she came highly recommended, but I have to admit, I think he held something back."

"I don't care what her past is, as long as she does her job. The way she was interacting with Gus, I think she will work really well."

"Do you think Henry and J.Jay found each other on the trip down? I haven't been around them enough yet and you know J.Jay will never show emotion in public but, seeing them together, I do think they may have found each other."

"I agree," Justin said and then kissed Brian. "I think we need to shower. Before you know it everyone will be here."

Brian brushed his lips on Justin's and then said, "I know you're right but I just wish..."

"We have all summer, love." Justin moved away from him and out the other side of the bed. Justin strode slowly across the room to the bathroom and moments later Brian was right behind him walking into the shower.

 

"Oh, Sally, it is so good to see you! You look so beautiful!" Kevin hugged his daughter. He wasn't going to mention anything Brandy had said, as promised. There would be a time and place to talk to her about everything.  

Sally gave him a little smile, "It is so good to see you Father Kev. How was your flight?" 

"It was good. The kids were great on the plane. Gus can't wait to see you and even though Aaron can't remember very much he is excited because his big brother is."

"Kev," Brandy walked up with the baby in her arms, "This is Kelin Cae." She kissed her daughter and passed her to Kevin. 

Kevin pulled his granddaughter against his chest. "She is perfect. Sally, Brandy, I am so honored you want me to be her grandfather."

"You are the only man we would have considered. We love you," Sally said. "I am glad you are here." Kevin could see her normal spark was gone.

They all sat in the kitchen and ate a bite. When Kelin started to fuss, Brandy changed her and then handed her to Sally. Robotically, Sally began to breast feed her daughter. She continued on with the conversation as if nothing was going on. She made no effort to connect with her daughter and when the baby had drifted off, Sally just placed her in a bassinet and said, "I'm going to get ready to go to see the family." She slipped out of the room without another word.

"See what I mean?" Brandy said softly.

"And she won't agree to seeing someone?" Kevin put an arm around her. "You aren't alone. I'll help. I am sure Brian and Justin will too."

"I am so glad you are all here. I think it will help, but if we can't help her we can help you." Kevin kissed  her cheek.

"Thank you. I'm so glad you are here."

 

"Daddy J, when is Aunt Sally going to be here with our new cousin?" Gus had come into the kitchen with J.Jay.

"They should be here very soon with Grandpa and Aunt Brandy."

"Can I wait for them by the pool?" Gus looked at the sparkling water.

"Not alone. If J.Jay is willing to go out with you, you may, but it is just like at home. You can not go out there alone."

"But, Daddy J, I wouldn't go near the water." Gus put his hands on his hips, rebelliously.

Justin looked at Gus, "You decide. Go with someone, or you stay in the house."

"That's not fair!" Gus began to argue, but from behind a hand landed on his shoulder.

"Gus, if you don't stop now, you will not go in the pool at all today." Brian looked down at his defiant son. Gus pulled away and ran up to his room. "What the fuck was that about?" Brian asked, as he put his arms around Justin.

"Oh, he's tired and so am I, to be honest. He wanted to go to the pool by himself. I'll go talk to him in a few minutes."

"Of course he can't go by himself. Don't apologize for his bratty behavior."

"I'm not apologizing for his behavior. I'm apologizing for mine."

Connie had been a witness to the whole event and said, "I know how you raise your children is none of my business but you are very good parents."

"He is a very good parent," Brian clarified. "I just follow his lead."

"Bri, that isn't true. You are an excellent father. You just can't admit it."

"All I know is those three children are very lucky to have you both." She took a deep breath and softly said, "I wish I had been half the parent you both are."

Before they could ask her about her comment, Henry and J.Jay walked in with Aaron and Jessi. "What is wrong with Gus?" Henry asked. "He went into his room and at first I thought he was mad but then he started tearing up."

Justin didn't say anything but turned and moved toward Gus' room. He heard Brian explaining to Henry as he knocked on the door.

"Come in," Gus' little voice came from the other side of the door. When Justin walked in, Gus looked at him and his bottom lip began to tremble. "Daddy J, I'm sorry I talked like that."

Justin dropped to his knees and Gus ran to him. "Oh, Gussy, I need to apologize, too. I think we are both very tired and very excited about meeting the new baby." They hugged for a long moment and then Justin stood, lifting Gus into his arms.

"Do you still love me, Daddy J?"

"Oh, Gus, I will always love you. It has nothing to do with what you do. You are my boy. Even when you are as old as me, you'll still be my boy. Why did you even ask me that?"

"Grandma Joan doesn't love Daddy."

"I love you so much, Gus." He wiped Gus' cheeks. "Ready to go meet your new cousin? I think I heard them pull up." 

Gus gave him a kiss and wiggled out of his arms. "YEAH," Gus said excitedly. "Oh, and, Daddy J, I won't go to the pool without your permission."

Justin put out hand and Gus took it as they walked out the door. "Thank you, Gus."

 

As Kevin arrived with ‘his' girls, Brian, Justin, and the kids met them at the door. Kelin was soon in Justin's arms and Gus and Aaron were hugging and kissing her. Brian put an arm around Sally, "How are you, sis?"

"This parenting thing is a tough gig." She replied, resting her head against his shoulder. "You and your Sunshine make it look so easy." She then walked away before she said more or could be asked more. 

Everyone was out in the pool area. They took turns swimming and watching the little ones. As time went on, Sally looked more relaxed and actually laughed and smiled. The only time she seemed to disconnect was when she held Kelin. Everyone noticed, but for now, no one was going to mention it. Maybe just having family around would get her out of her funk but they all knew that was highly unlikely.

 

"Brian," Justin said, laying in his arms after making love, "Isn't Kelin beautiful? She's so small and sweet. I miss having an infant in..."

"Justin Kinney, we are not having another child." Brian nuzzled his neck. "We can keep acting like we can make one on our own." His hand rested on Justin's ass and his finger began to play on the rim of his bud.

"It hurts to see Sally and Brandy like this. And Kelin, she is so sweet and young, maybe we can help by having her here some of the time."

"Sunshine, we will do whatever we can to help them but we can't fix it for them."

"I know, Brian. I just want everyone to be as happy as we are."

Brian kissed him and said softly, "They'll figure it out. Now, it is time to get some sleep. You're going to the gallery tomorrow and I'll hang out here with Dad and the kids."

"And interrogate Connie, because you can't figure her out and you want to know who is working for us."

"Goodnight, Sunshine."

 

The next morning, Brian and Justin heard the kids before they were out of bed. They heard Henry's voice and then heard Aaron's voice in response. "I better get moving." Justin stretched and kissed Brian.

"What's your hurry?" Brian grasped his hand, trying to pull him back.

"I have to meet with the gallery manager at 9:00. Cora and I have to get some final schedules worked out. J.Jay will be going with me. Is your dad going in?"

"Ya, and we will have dinner with Tom and Nat tonight." He let go of Justin's hand and Justin went to shower.

Brian pulled on some shorts and a t-shirt and then went down to make sure there was coffee ready. Justin would want a cup before going downtown and he hoped there was some breakfast made. He hadn't looked yesterday and he hadn't talked to Connie about her schedule either.  He would make sure he had these answers before Justin came home this afternoon.

"Dadadada!" Jessi called out to Brian as soon as he walked into the room. 

"Morning, Dad," Gus called out as he slowly carried a bowl of fruit to the table.

"Guster, you are such a good helper." Connie said encouraging him while Henry put some scrambled eggs on both Jessi and Aaron's plates.

"Dad, Connie calls me Guster. I told her that was ok. Is it ok with you?"

Brian had to smile, "That is just fine, Gus, unless you don't like it."

"It is a cool name!" he said excitedly as he went back to carry a plate of toast to the table.

"Connie, it looks like you have everything under control. Is there coffee?"

"In the carafe on the counter. I made it about five minutes ago." 

"Thanks," Brian said as he poured a cup for himself. He inhaled the scent. "This smells amazing." He tasted it even before adding cream and sugar. He added a little of both and took another sip before sighing. "Oh, Connie, if I wasn't married already I would propose just to have this every morning."

"I'm telling Ronni," Henry said playfully.

"And who is Ronni?" Connie asked.

"Ronni is our house manager back in Pennsylvania." Justin walked into the kitchen and headed toward the counter. "Why are we talking about Ronni?"

Brian quickly poured a cup of coffee for Justin and then added cream and sugar. He handed it to Justin and said. "Take a sip. Henry just threatened to tell Ronni that Connie's coffee might be better than hers."

Justin brought the mug to his mouth and his eyes rolled back. "Oh, this is amazing. I hope you will give us your secret before the end of the summer." Justin started to put a bagel in the toaster.

"I am here to make your breakfast. You go say hello to your children before you go off to work." Connie's eyes got big when Justin kissed her cheek.

"If we have some cream cheese I will take that, otherwise butter and cheese is good." Justin walked to the table and kissed all three of the kids, giving Gus an extra little hug to reassure him everything was good between them. He sat down for five minutes as he drank his coffee. When his bagel was ready Brian handed him the bagel Connie had made for him along with a travel mug of coffee and kissed him goodbye before Justin rushed out the door where J.Jay was waiting for him in the car.

Justin got behind the wheel and was surprised when J.Jay started to talk. "I am not sure what you want me to do when we get to the gallery."

"Don't worry about it. Most of the time you will just be helping out the participants with their questions and if it is a question you aren't sure of, all you have to do is come and talk to me or Cora and you will contact them with the answer." Justin glanced at the nervous young man. "J. you won't get in trouble for asking for help. I expect that."

"Thanks, Justin."

"How was your trip down with Henry?" Justin was sure he saw him flush out of the corner of his eyes.

"It went fine. We didn't have any trouble."

"How were the B&Bs? I thought it would be nice for you to stay somewhere other than a cold hotel room."

"We really liked it. We..." J. stopped talking.

"Brian and I are glad you and Henry have become good friends. Spending the summer down here could have been lonely for him if he didn't have you here."

"He's the first real friend I've had, besides you." J.Jay said and then looked out the window.

Justin knew J. was done talking now, but he was fairly sure Henry and J.Jay would not be hiding anything by the end of the summer.   

Justin found a parking spot with his name on it and they both got out and he locked it before they walked to the building together. The door opened and Cora Cumberland greeted them.  "Justin Taylor, I am so honored you chose to work out of my gallery this summer. I hope it will become an annual event."

"Well, I am glad you agreed. Cora, this is J.Jay. He is my right hand man. He has been the contact for the young artists that will be coming in and out this summer. If you can point us to our office, we will get organized and maybe we can get together in an hour or so to verify some of the activities."

They set up a time for their meeting and Justin and J.Jay moved into their offices. It wasn't long before J. was connecting with the first students who would arrive next week while Justin started setting up the studio they would be working in.

The day went quickly. Justin had met with Cora and they verified all the events and dates for the summer. Every two weeks there would be an exhibition for the two artists that had been working with Justin and then they would repeat it with another two artists. This would happen four times with eight young artists involved. Justin and J.Jay would be able to show their own work anytime throughout the summer, and at the end of the summer J.Jay and Justin would have a shared art show.  

After saying goodbye to Cora, Justin and J. arrived home around 4:30. It didn't escape Justin's eye that Henry, who was outside with Gus and Aaron, beamed when he saw J.Jay arrive. Justin walked out and then noticed Brian with Jessi under a large umbrella at the back of the pool.  "Henry, why don't you take a break? Let me put on my trunks and then take off until dinner. We can introduce you to Tom and Natalia when we eat."

"Thanks," Henry said looking past Justin at J.Jay, who was standing by the house. Justin could feel the silent communication between them and as he turned to go into the house to change, J.Jay was moving toward the pool house. When Justin returned Henry wasted no time in moving to the pool house. Justin got into the pool to play with the boys and now that he was out there, Brian got in the water with Jessi.

"How'd the day go?" Brian asked as he kissed him lightly. 

"I think it is all organized well. Cora has everything organized and ready to advertise. I hope you don't mind but I told her you'd look at the brochure. We want a basic outline ready and then we can just change out the names and profiles every two weeks."

"I'd be happy to. Just get me the basic information and I will create a template."

"Let me take that little one in the house. I think she has had enough sun for the day and I could use someone to talk to," Connie said from the edge of the pool, scaring all of them.

"Shit, how did you get here without us seeing you?" Brian spouted.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to sneak up. Now, I think that little one might need a short nap before we have dinner. All this sun and fresh air tires a person out." Connie had a towel with her and she lovingly took the sleepy girl into her arms.

"Are you sure you want to take her on? I can come in," Justin commented. "You aren't expected to cook, clean, and help with the kids, all at the same time."

"I have the main course in the oven and she will be sleeping in a few minutes. Enjoy a little time with your boys." Connie turned and walked to the house, chatting with Jessi while Brian threw Aaron high in the air and caught him.

 

Henry closed the patio door and moved to the bedroom in the back, out of view of the glass front. He walked in and found J.Jay sitting on the edge of the bed. He walked over, and putting one hand on either side of his face, he kissed him. J.Jay stood, deepening the kiss. Henry ran his hand down his back and rested it at his waist band. As soon as Henry lowered his hand to rest on J.Jay's shorts covered backside, he tensed and stepped away from him.

J.Jay buried his head in his hands. "I am so sorry, Henry. You know I want... I care..." 

Henry turned him around and put his arms around him. J.Jay wrapped his arms around him and put his head on his shoulder. "J., I am not in any rush to go any further than we have. If you are never ready, this is enough for me but, if someday you want to... I'll be here."

"You know I don't have..."

"J., you have everything I need, here," Henry ran the back of his hand along his jawline, "and here." He touched his chest over his heart."

"If my parents find out I am in town and they are bound to..."

"I will be by your side if you want me to be, or I will stay away, if you prefer that. All I want is what is best for you."

"Thank you, Henry. I don't know what I would do without you." 

Henry led him to the bed and they lay together. J. slowly started to undress Henry and when he lay naked, J.Jay slowly took Henry's cock into his mouth and slowly and skillfully brought him to climax. "Damn," Henry said as he pulled J. back up so he could kiss him. "How could I need more than you?  I love you, J.Jay." He saw the panic return. "I know you care about me and that is all I need." With that they both closed their eyes and rested.

 

At 7:00 p.m. the doorbell rang, and carrying Jessi, Justin let Tom and Natalia in. Natalia instantly reached for Jessi who went willingly. "You both look great!" 

"Thanks! Although we are very busy, life is very good," Tom said as he slipped an arm around his wife. 

"Come in! Gus can't wait to see you." As he said the words, Gus holding Aaron's hand, came walking into the entry. 

"Gus, how did you get so big?" Natalia asked.

Kevin walked in and waved them all into the kitchen area. "We don't want to upset Connie. Her cooking is amazing."

"Of course it is. I found her for you!" Natalia said hugging Kevin and letting Jessi go to her grandfather.

After the food was on the table, everyone insisted Connie join them. Henry and J.Jay ate and then gathered the kids together and took them up to get them ready for bed. "So, Connie, how do you know Natalia?"

"I met her at the cafe. I begged her for her recipe for her cookies and I couldn't believe she gave it to me."

"Well, by the time I gave you the recipe, you were working for me part time," Natalia added. "And I knew you would enjoy this full time more than just baking. That job was just too boring after your previous career."

"What have you done for work in the past?" Brian asked as he moved his chair closer to Justin so he could pull him close.

Connie looked over at Nat who nodded, "I ran a business."

"What kind of business?" Justin asked.

"I helped businessmen find entertainment for the evening."

Brian and Justin both smiled. "And did you leave your business on your own accord or were you told to..."

"I actually got out of the business, but when I did, I lost access to my bank accounts. I think I will be able to get to them in the next year or so, but in the meantime I have to work." He looked back and forth from Brian to Justin. "I understand if you don't want me in your house with kids. I was the oldest of five kids and helped take care of all of them and when I was getting my business off the ground I didn't think I would ever miss not having kids, but now I am too old to be a mother so I thought this was a good alternative."

"I hope you don't go anywhere. And if you would like I could have my CFO look into your foreign accounts. He has some experience working with different countries."

"Oh, that would be great, Brian. I couldn't afford my lawyer anymore so I have just been trying to work through it myself."

Everyone looked toward the steps as J.Jay and Henry reappeared. Henry looked at Brian and Justin. "The little ones are asleep, but Gus was hoping you could give him a kiss goodnight." 

"Sure. Excuse us for a minute." Justin stood and offered Brian his hand and they went upstairs.

J.Jay sat next to Nat and Henry sat next to him. "So, how long have you two been together?" She asked the men.

"Oh, we are just friends," Henry said quickly, hoping J.Jay didn't get too uncomfortable, but just as he said it, J. spilt a glass of wine down the front of his shirt and pants.

J.Jay got up and rushed out the door. Natalie looked at Henry, "I am so sorry. I'll go talk to him." Before Henry could protest, Nat was out the door. Moving across the pool deck, Nat walked into the open door of the small house. "J.Jay, it's Nat. I'm sorry, I was being invasive. I should know better." She moved into the house toward the bedroom. As she stepped to the door she could see the image of J in the bedroom mirror. He stood there with his chest bound tightly in tape.  

"What the hell!" J.Jay said as he pulled a shirt on. "Just because you..." J. stopped talking.

"I am so sorry, J. I first stuck my foot in my mouth there and now out here. I just wanted you to know we both have parts we don't want. I am a woman through and through, but I still have the package down below."  

J.Jay looked at the beautiful woman next to him. "But you have breasts."

"Yes, I do. I had surgery, but it wasn't easy, and because I had Tom and he loved me when I was still a man, he didn't care if I didn't have the complete surgery. He probably preferred it, but if I had wanted to have the other half done, he would have supported me the whole way. Do you hope to have surgery? Sorry, that is none of my business. You don't have to answer that. Just know that if you have any questions or need some contacts, I am here to help. Now, I'll leave you alone." Nat started toward the door.

"Natalia," J said softly. She stopped and turned toward him. "I'm not ready, but can we talk again sometime?"

"Of course, we can, J! Can I ask you one more question and you don't have to answer it now if you don't want to, but you need to think about it." J.Jay nodded. "What is holding you back?" Nat started for the door but stopped once more when J.Jay started to speak.

"You live here. Have you ever seen Pastor Pat on TV?"

"The homophobic prick that thinks he can ‘fix' gay? Pat George, right?"

"Ya, but I just called him Dad."

 

Chapter 2 by Simply written

 

Natalia and J.Jay returned to the main house and everyone could tell something had changed between them. Nat kissed Tom and said, "I know it is still early but my alarm is set for 4:30. I have a big order that needs to be ready to go by 10:00."

Tom stood and put an arm around his wife, "I'm sorry. I should have remembered that. I will get up and help in the morning."

"My love, if you want to help in the morning, you will stay in bed. Last time you ‘helped' we ended up making love in the kitchen and I burnt a whole tray of cookies." Natalia kissed him playfully.

They all said goodbye and Natalia kissed J.Jay's cheek and handed him her business card. "You call me if you want to talk about anything."

J.Jay softly thanked her and when Henry stepped closer to him, he put an arm around Henry's waist, leaning against him. Henry quickly put his arm around J.Jay's shoulder, giving him moral support. And then it was just the four men. Henry looked at J.Jay who nodded a bit and then said, "We aren't sure where this is going but we hope to head there together."Justin smiled from ear to ear.  

Brian said, "Sunshine, you are always right." He kissed Justin, pulling him close.

"You knew?" J. said softly.

"I'd hoped. I felt you would be good for each other." He smiled at them, "now, we are going to bed so you have the pool to yourselves if you want it. Oh, and J.Jay, you are always welcome to sleep here." Without another word, Brian started to lead Justin to their bedroom.

"We'll be back in the house by midnight," Henry called after them.

 

J.Jay and Henry walked hand in hand out of the house and J. led him to the hammock. "Can we talk?"

"Of course," they laid down in the big sling. "I am guessing you had a nice talk with Natalia. She seems very caring."

"She is and after talking to her, I realized I owe you more of an explanation."

"You don't owe me anything you don't want to tell me."

"You know I grew up in this area, right?" Henry nodded. "And I told you I have no relationship with my family."

"Yes, J. I really don't either. It is about once or twice a year that I talk to them."

"It's a little different with my family. Anyone within 100 miles of Atlanta knows my family."

"Is one of your parents a politician?"

"Worse," he said softly. "My dad is the preacher you saw in the commercial. He's the one that says he can fix anyone who is gay. Well, not only gay. He thinks he can fix mental illness. He also thinks he can heal people's bodies. I was afraid he would kill me trying to fix me."

Henry pulled J.Jay closer. "Shit! No wonder you want to fly under the radar. I'm surprised you even came down here. I am sure it is safer at Britin."

"I had two reasons for coming. Justin asked me to and he was the first one who ever believed in my skills."

"And the second reason?" Henry asked.

"You were coming here." J.Jay turned to face him and Henry kissed him, first lightly but then he deepened the kiss. When they finally separated J.Jay spoke. "Do you mind if I move into your room? I don't like being out here alone."

"I was hoping you would say that. Not that you were scared, but that you wanted to sleep with me every night. And since I need to be in the house for the kids most nights, I couldn't be out there."

"Let me grab some clothes for tomorrow and I will move my stuff tomorrow night." 

As they got in bed thirty minutes later, Henry asked, "Do Brian and Justin know about your family?"

"No. Do you think I should tell them?"

"That is up to you, but if you plan to try to contact them or if they contact you, I think you should let them know. I know they have security but they need to know what to look for."

"I'll tell Justin soon. Good night, Henry."

"Good night, Sweetheart."

 

Everyone got into their Atlanta rhythm, quickly. Brian would work a couple hours in the morning but he was enjoying spending time with his kids. Gus was especially excited that he would have days alone with his daddy. With Connie helping Henry out when he needed extra hands, they were getting in a groove.

The day after dinner with Tom and Nat, J.Jay talked to Justin once they arrived at the gallery.  "Justin, can I talk to you for a minute?" he said, sticking his head into his office.

"Sure, is there a problem with the artists moving in for the first session?"

"No, this is actually personal."

"Everything is good between you and Henry, isn't it?"

J.Jay smiled wistfully and said softly. "He is great."

"Oh, that's good. Then what is it?"

"Justin, you never asked me about my family, but now I think I have to tell you about them. I don't really expect any trouble, but you need to know about them."

"J.Jay, sit." Justin pointed to the sofa against the wall and walked around his desk to join him. "Now tell me what I should know about your family."

Twenty minutes later Justin had the whole picture. "Oh, J.Jay, and I complain about my father... Well, I guess our fathers are actually similar. Mine wanted to hide me away because he didn't like who I was. Yours probably wants to hold you up to show others how he got you to change." Justin took his hand, "Do you want Brian to have extra security added?"

"No, not now. I'll let you know if he has gotten in contact."

"Or if you feel something is wrong."

"Thanks, Justin. Now I'll get to work. By later this afternoon the first two artists will be here. I will get them settled into their studios upstairs and make sure they are comfortable. I told Henry to eat without me if I'm not back. I'll let him know."

Justin went to the studio to make sure everything was in place for next week when he started with the first two young artists. He had seen how talented they all were, so most mornings he would spend some time with them showing them different techniques and in the afternoons he would either work on his own projects or go home to the family. He pulled out his personal art kit filled with brushes. He was thinking about the day Mel and Lindsay gave him the set, and he jumped when he heard someone behind him.

"I didn't mean to surprise you," Cora Cumberland stood resting against the door frame.

"I get a little focused when I am working. We have everything ready for the first pair. They will come in this afternoon, giving them the weekend to get comfortable."

She strode in, shut the door, and sat on the edge of a stool, "If you don't know it yet, I am straight to the point. Is your assistant normal? I mean he, or is it she, won't look me in the eye or say a word to me."

"His pronouns are he/him." Justin went back to unpacking his things.

"Well, what is his story?" Cora came up behind him and looked over his shoulder, resting her hand on the small of his back.

Justin stood up straight and put a little space between them. "J.Jay has a story and it is his to tell. He has lost faith in most humans. It will just take him a while to warm up."

Cora ended up right next to him again, this time looking at a painting. She ran a hand down his arm this time. Justin had known many touchy people, Em being one of them, so he was probably just going to have to get used to it for the summer. She knew he was happily married to a man, so he could put up with a friendly hug now and then. It might be nice from time to time. 

There was a knock on the door and as J. came in, Cora gave Justin his space. "Justin... oh, sorry."

"I was just heading out," Cora said. "Will you be in tomorrow?"

"I will be here for a couple hours in the morning. Then I will be with my family. J.Jay will be available for the guests. If you have the brochure layout ready, I will take it home then. Bri should have his suggestions ready by Monday." Once Justin stopped talking she walked out the door.

Justin saw J.Jay looking at him. "Is something wrong?"

"I don't like her. She gives off bad energy. Why was she standing so close? Were you showing her something?"

"I think she is just interested in what will be going on at her gallery for the summer."

"No, she's bad deep down. I can't be around..."

"You don't have to deal with her. Always pass her to me. I'm fine with that."

"Just be careful."

"I will. If the students don't want anything tomorrow, make sure you hang at the house. Sally and Brandy will be around along with Kelin. Oh, and Nat will be there. Tom and Kevin have a few things to do but they will be there in time for dinner."

"I'll be there for dinner for sure. I don't really do the pool."

"Why? You don't swim?" Justin looked at him and then stopped. "You know no one will care if you wear a t-shirt."

"I...I spent years on a swim team but it's been a few years. I got uncomfortable in a swimsuit and well..."

"I have plenty of trunks you could wear. If you like to swim, our pool is as safe a place as any.  No one will care."

"I'll think about it." J. said and then said, "Are you going home?"

"I am, but if you need anything or if there is an issue with the students coming in, just let me know."

"They are both already on their flights. I am just going to head to the airport."

"Oh, and you need these." Justin threw the keys to J.Jay. "I have an Uber on its way."

 

Justin arrived home while the two younger children were napping. Sally was also there with Kelin. Gus was playing in the pool with his aunt while Henry kept an eye on the sleeping infant. 

"Hey, Henry, where's Brian?"

"I believed he said he was expecting you to join him in your bedroom."

"I was hoping so. Text if you need us." Justin took the steps two at a time. As he walked into the bedroom, Brian was lying on the bed, naked. He raised a hand and crooked one finger to have Justin come closer. Justin took a step closer and then began to unbutton his shirt one button at a time. He turned his back to the bed and slowly pulled his shirt off one sleeve at a time. He then twirled the shirt over his head and threw it at Brian. It was obvious that Brian was enjoying the show. But as Justin began to pull his belt out of his pants, one belt loop at a time, Brian sighed.

"Sunshine, it's not that I'm not enjoying the show, but we have two children in cribs that have been napping for half an hour already." Thirty seconds later, Justin was in Brian's arms.

They made love with little pretense and then laid in each other's arms and talked softly, "Is everything ready at the studio?" Brian asked as he stroked Justin's sex warmed skin.

"Yes, J is at the airport now and will settle them into their apartments and then I think he will be here for dinner." Justin kissed Brian's jawline while his hand traced the other side. "Brian, have you seen the preacher on TV that talks about curing homosexuality?"

"Ya, what a sicko! Why are we talking about him?"

"J.Jay told me today that the man in those commercials is his father."

"Fuck. No wonder the kid is so cautious about everything."

"He is so talented and smart." Justin stopped for a minute.

"And? I feel like you were going to say something else."

"It is just something he said today. Cora was in my studio this afternoon and J.Jay came in. As soon as she left, J. said she creeped him out."

Brian stiffened a bit, "Should you be creeped out, too?"

"I don't think so. She does have a little issue with personal space, but I think that is just her. You know, like Lindz or Em."

"Well, don't let her make you feel uncomfortable."

"Bri, are you jealous?" Justin moved so he was straddling Brian's upper chest. He moved so his cock was right above Brian's lips. As he rocked back and forth, Brian began to lick the underside of his penis. Soon the playful teasing became a burning need in both of them. Brian grabbed Justin's hips and moved his mouth enough to let Justin's cock slide down his throat, and as he began to massage his prostate, Justin exploded and Brian sent an explosion of cum down his back.

"Damn, that was amazing." Brian sighed as Justin slipped off him. "And now we need to take a quick shower and put on trunks so we can swim with the kids."

As they stood in the shower, Justin asked, "Are you going to talk to Sally?"

"No, but I plan to talk to Brandy. Maybe they should take some time away as a couple. We can take Kelin for the weekend. If we wait until next weekend, your mom and Molly will be down and they will help. I'll ask Brandy where they would like to go."

"That sounds like a great idea." Justin kissed him, "Now, let's go play with the kids. It's summer vacation."

 

The pool area filled as the day went on. Connie insisted she keep Kelin in the house with her.  She was too young to be out in the sun and heat. Sally didn't argue. She jumped in the pool and was soon playing with Gus, while Brian and Justin had Aaron and Jess. Henry was in and out with them and soon Nat arrived.  

By dinner time, Brandy had arrived and so had J.Jay, after getting the students settled. Connie started the grill and soon Brian stood with a beer in one hand and a spatula in the other, flipping burgers and chicken breasts. Finally, Kevin and Tom arrived and dinner was spread out on a serving table near the grill. There were several kinds of salads to go with the sandwiches. Soon they were all sitting around sipping iced tea or wine. Aaron climbed onto Justin's lap "Daddy, need hug."

Justin pulled him close and snuggled with him. "Did you have a good day?"

"I play lots. Ice cream, please?" he asked when he saw Natalia walk past with a dish.

"I'll get it for you," J.Jay said as he walked past. 

"Thanks, J. Just a little bit. He isn't going to be awake long." Justin said as he looked down at his tired son. J.Jay came back and sat down next to Justin and Aaron. He held the dish while Justin fed Aaron the ice cream.

"Daddy, I can do it."

"I know you can but I like to help." Justin smiled at J.

"Justin, do you really trust Cora?"

"I don't have a reason not to. She is well respected."

"Just be careful." Before Justin could comment, J. walked over to Henry and the two walked into the house with Jess to put her to bed. Brian and Brandy followed with Kelin.

"It is so great having you here, Brian." Brandy started changing Kelin's diaper. 

"Brandy, Justin and I were talking and next week his mom and sister will be here. They would love to have this sweetie here. Why don't you and Sally get away for a few days? Where would you like to go? Key West? St. John?"

"Brian, we can't expect you to..."

"You don't expect us. Justin is talking about another baby. I think if we can borrow yours for a few days, he will realize three is enough."

"Brian, are you sure?"

"I am sure. Make it a surprise. Pack a bag for her and take her to the airport."

"I'm not sure that would be the best option. I don't think she would appreciate that big a surprise, but I'll call you tomorrow after I have time to talk to her in the morning." She picked up a now dry Kelin who had fallen asleep.

"Talk to her tonight and let me know tomorrow where you want to go."

"Thank you, Brian." Brandy started to get choked up. "I love her so much and I want us to be a family like you and Justin are."

"Give her a little time, and one on one time can't hurt. She will remember how much she wants a family with you."

"That sounds like a great idea, whatever it is." Kevin put an arm around Brian and Brandy. 

"What do you think of the idea of having Kelin stay with us for a few days and Brandy can take Sally away. I know it isn't a solution, but I'm hoping Sally will at least remember how much they love each other."

‘I think that is a great idea." Kevin took his sleeping granddaughter out of Brandy's arms. "I am going to sit in the rocker with a cup of decaf."

"I'll get it for you." Brandy kissed Kevin's cheek and walked to the coffee pot. 

Brian went back outside and sat next to Justin who now had a sleeping Aaron on his lap. Gus had also fallen asleep on a nearby chair. Brian put an arm around Justin, who leaned against him.

Sally, who had been talking to Tom and Nat, walked into the house where Brandy was putting a few things away in the kitchen. "What are you doing in here?" She said softly but angrily.

"Kelin needed to be changed." Brandy said softly.

"How long does that take? You will do anything so you don't have to spend time with me," she snapped.

"Oh, babe, that isn't it at all. You..."

Sally whipped around and for the first time noticed Kevin sitting across the room with her sleeping daughter. Kevin waved her over. Sally walked over and sat near him. "Sally, have you talked to anyone?"

"About what, Kevin?"

"Sal, I can see you've lost your spark."

"Kev, I just had a baby. I guess I just didn't realize how much it would take out of me. Now that I am back to work fulltime."

"You know it isn't unusual to feel this way, right?"

"Please, Kevin, I'm really tired. She will be awake soon and want to drain me. Brandy, we need to go."

"Sally, we all love you and I am so glad we are all together." For a moment Kevin saw his Sally inside the shell of a woman that looked like her.

"I love you, too, Kevin."

Kevin stood and began to hand Kelin to Sally but she turned and walked away. Brandy walked over and took the sleeping angel. "I'll call you tomorrow," she said as he kissed her.  

"Brandy, you will know what to do to make her feel as loved as she is."

"Brandy, you coming?" Sally called from the door.

"Coming, dear." Kevin patted her shoulder and she walked away.

Henry and J.Jay had gotten Jessi down and went back out by the pool. They found Brian and Justin just heading into the house, each carrying one of their boys. "Now that is perfect timing.  You two can entertain Nat and Tom until they are ready to leave.  We have father stuff to do." Justin smiled at the two younger men.

Henry and J.Jay kissed both the sleeping boys and then shut the door once Brian and Justin had walked in. They moved further out onto the deck and sat across from Tom and Nat. Henry put an arm around J.Jay, and for the first time, J. didn't pull away when they weren't alone.

Nat smiled at them. "You have nothing to feel self conscious about. You are among friends."

"I know. Thanks," J. said softly. "Is it true you were a priest?"

"It is." 

"Why aren't you now?"

"There are several reasons. The main reason was I was in love and priests can't be married." Tom pulled Natalia close.

"And it didn't help that I was trans. If he had fallen in love with a real woman..."

"You are the realest woman I have ever met," J.Jay said softly.

"Tom, do you know the psycho homophobe preacher that's on TV?" Henry asked. And then looked at J.Jay who nodded.

"Yes, I know who you mean."

"He's my dad," J.Jay blurted out.

"Nat mentioned that. Is there anything I can do for you?" Tom asked sincerely.

"No. He won't change his mind, no matter what. He only sees what he wants to see. It was the way he was raised. He just took over the family business from my grandfather."

"What about your mother?" Nat asked calmly.

"She will never go against anything Dad says."

Tom continued, "Do you think she wants to talk to you? To be a part of your life?"

Henry tightened his arm around J.Jay. "J. hopes to try to talk to her this summer. This will be his last try. He won't keep dragging it out. If she says no this time, he isn't going to try again."

"Oh, J., that is so hard, but I think it is the right thing to do. Do you know how you are going to make the meeting happen?"

"I'm not sure. I talked to her before I moved to Pittsburgh so I am guessing her number is still the same. But even if she says she will meet with me, she is always careful where she goes because she is usually with someone. She is rarely out on her own."

"Would you like me to talk to her? I could help you set up a place."

"I hope she will come to one of the gallery shows. I could show her my work and I could talk to her...." 

Henry felt J. Jay's body tremble. "I think maybe we should head to bed. The kids will wake up early."

"Ya, we need to head out, too." Tom said as he and Nat stood along with J. and Henry.  "Promise me if there is anything I can do to help, you'll call me."

J. didn't respond but Henry said, "I promise, he will. Thank you." J.Jay nodded his head and mouthed the words, thank you.

 

Brian and Justin had put the kids in bed and then gone to their own room. Brian opened the bottle they kept in their room and poured them each two fingers of whiskey and they sat on the little balcony off their room and watched the small group by the pool. They couldn't hear the conversation but it appeared to be serious.

"Suppose they are talking about J's parents?" Brian asked as he brought his mouth to Justin's neck.

"Probably. They really have a lot in common. The fact that Tom was a priest and with Nat... well, things overlap in many ways." Justin turned and brought his mouth to Brian's, sliding his tongue into Brian's mouth. Justin's hand rested on Brian's cheek.

Feeling the warmth of Justin's hand, Brian deepened the kiss and after a few minutes, Justin stood up and stretched a hand out and Brian took it. They walked into their room and as he turned to shut the doors, Brian's arms wrapped around his shoulders, pulling him back against him. He tightened his arms. Brian whispered softly, "I love you, Sunshine. It is going to get crazy next week, isn't it."

"Yes. But I promise, family will come first. There are only a few times I won't be free to come home."

"I can't wait to see you dressed for the exhibitions. You are so handsome and I love to watch you working the room. You are in your element and when you are that confident. Fuck, you are irresistable." Brian pressed his pelvis against Justin's ass. "I want you." His voice was filled with need.

Justin turned around and pressed his pelvis against Brian's and said, "Well, take me."

Moments later they had stripped and, after pulling the blankets back, they dropped onto the bed.  Brian hovered above Justin and then began to move slowly, in and out. Each stroke was slow and long and as their passion grew Brian kept the same pace until they were both on the edge of madness. And then, in one last thrust, their eyes locked and they tumbled over the edge.

As they laid in their bed wrapped in each other's arms, they talked about the kids, and the studio, and Legacy, and Jenn and Molly's trip, until they drifted off to sleep.

 

Henry lay awake with J.Jay next to him. His mind wandered to the image of the man he had seen on TV. How could a man like that raise the amazing person laying next to him? He loved J.Jay. He hadn't dared to say those words again, but it was how he felt. J. had been so hurt. He wasn't allowed to be who he really was. He had come a long way since he started working for Justin, but how long would it be before he would be comfortable with who he was. How did he convince the man he loved that he didn't care if he had a cock or a vagina? He just loved him.  Maybe if J.Jay could meet with his mother, some things could be settled and J. would finally feel free to love.

J. whimpered in his sleep. That happened almost nightly. Henry had asked him several times what he was dreaming but he swore he didn't remember. He didn't believe that. Whatever interrupted his sleep was real to him, and when he woke J.Jay often still had the look of terror on his face. It would take a hot shower and a good breakfast to regain his composure. But no matter what happened, he was there for J. and he always would be.   

J.Jay startled awake and Henry took him in his arms. "J.  I'm here. You're safe, Baby. I'll protect you." 

In his sleep, J. mumbled, "love you," and with that, he curled against Henry and soon he was asleep and finally, Henry drifted off, too.

 

Chapter 3 by Simply written

 

"So what were you telling the family? Did you tell them how horrible a mother I am? That I can't do anything right anymore?" Sally sounded angry at first, but started to tear up as she went on.  "I know I'm horrible. Why can't I just love her?" She took a deep breath and pulled herself together a bit and softly said, "What were you talking about?" 

Brandy pulled into their driveway, "Sal, I will definitely tell you, but let's get Kelin in bed and then you and I can have a glass of wine and I will tell you all about it."

Ten minutes later, Brandy walked out of the nursery and joined Sally on the sofa. She was holding a glass full of wine and another glass empty. She handed Brandy the full one. "I miss wine."

"You know, she is over three months old now. If you want to stop breastfeeding, you can. In fact this is probably a good time to stop. You know your doctor said it might help."

"Why can't I be a normal mother? Why can't I want to be with her?"

"Sally, what would you say to five days away, just the two of us?"

"Two? What about Kelin?"

"Jenn and Molly will be here next weekend and Brian and Justin want us to take time away."

"Really? Just the two of us? Where?"

"How about St. John? You and me in a cliff top bungalow. I just want to lay in the sun with you in my arms."

"I'm sure that would be great for the two of us." Her words should have been full of excitement but instead it was monotone. "I'm sorry. I know I'm not me, but I don't know how to become me again."

Brandy put her arms around her wife. "You're still in there. Together you will find your way back, love. I know you will. I'm not going anywhere without you." Brandy kissed her. For a moment Sally reacted to her warmth but then she stood.  

"I'm going to go to bed. It will be nice to get away." 

Brandy watched Sally walk down the hall and, as expected, she walked into the guest room and even from this distance, she heard the door lock. 

 

On Monday morning, Justin left the house as the kids ate breakfast and Brian was already in his office planning Brandy and Sally's trip.  

Justin, along with J.Jay, arrived at the gallery and, using the back door, they went straight up to the studio space. While J.Jay went to check on their first students, Justin went into the studio and set up for his first class. By noon, Justin's adrenaline was pumping. Being with these talented young artists had Justin's creativity flowing. He left at 2:00 pm so he could be home when Aaron and Jessi woke from their naps. 

As Justin tried to slip out the back, like he came in, Cora was waiting at the bottom of the stairs.  "Well, how are your new students?"

"Oh," he jumped. "You surprised me." He took a breath. "These kids are amazing," his excitement came to the surface. "This is going to be a great summer."

Cora put a hand on Justin's shoulder, "I hope you'll let me take a peek sometime."

"Ya, sure." Justin stepped away from her. "I have a date with a beautiful young lady."

"Lady? I thought you had a husband?"

"My daughter Jessi will be waking up soon and I said I would be home. Goodbye," and with that Justin slipped out the door. As he drove home he thought about Cora. He could deal with a two minute encounter daily. He just hoped it was less than that. He was glad J.Jay wouldn't let her intrude in his life or the students. He was good at just locking out the world. He had learned that with the family he grew up in.

"Daddy J!" Gus ran into Justin's arms. He was in his swim trunks but hadn't been in the pool yet. Justin picked him up and twirled him around.

"Brian just went to get the two ready for the pool. I have some snacks ready for all of you and then all of you will be set for the afternoon."

"Daddy J, I helped get the snacks. Connie cut up fruit and cheese and I put crackers on the plate." 

Justin hugged Gus once more and set him down. "I am glad you are helping."

"Connie says family help each other, just like Ronni does."

"We will only have the best around our kids." Justin looked at Connie and smiled. Justin saw Connie take a deep breath and her lip quiver. "Gus, can you go tell your daddy I am home?"  Gus ran off and Justin walked over to Connie, touching her shoulder. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, you and Brian have been nothing but kind. You can imagine most people would not let me near their family. There was an ugly trial and none of my girls said anything against me. I was fair and treated them like family. In the end, I had to pay for all the court costs, which I was happy to pay, and I did community service. That's how I met Tom and ended up here. All I want is to live a quiet life, helping others, but around here my name and face is still well known and no one but you and your friends have given me a chance."

Justin hugged Connie, "Please let us know what we can do to help." They both heard voices and footsteps coming to the kitchen.

"Thank you," she said as she wiped her eyes and then, with a smile, she turned and greeted them all.

Brian, Justin, and Henry spent the afternoon playing by the pool and talking about a few other things they planned to do this summer. Henry said he would look into children's museums, play areas, and other attractions the kids would enjoy. They would figure out what all the kids would enjoy and what might be best for just Gus or both boys. All of that would be decided as the summer went on.  

"Just remember, the Fridays of the exhibitions I won't be free."

"Fridays are busier at places like that anyway. Plus that might be a great day to let everyone know we will have a pool party every other week." Brian moved over to Justin and kissed him before pushing him backward and under the water. Then a full out splashing battle occurred.  Henry backed off with Jessi but Brian grabbed Gus and Justin picked up Aaron and the fun continued.

When Henry needed to go pick up J.Jay, Brian and Justin took the kids inside to relax until dinner time. After putting on dry clothes, Connie took Jessi while the boys all sat on the sofa and Brian and Justin took turns reading stories to the boys. It wasn't long before the boys each dozed next to their daddies. "Far be it from me to waste time this close to my gorgeous husband." Justin said as he turned to his man and they began to kiss.

 

Henry pulled up the gallery and J.Jay rushed out. He jumped into the vehicle and grabbed Henry, giving him a hug and long kiss. "Wow, can you go back in so you can do that again?"

J. blushed, "I guess I am a little excited."

"What has got you so exuberant, not that I am complaining!"

"It is just so much fun to be really working in my art. Justin showed all of us some new things to try and the first two students we have are so good."

"You know, you chose them." Henry pulled out of the parking lot.

"Well, I narrowed down the candidates. Justin chose the final eight." 

"Let's go out to celebrate tonight. Let's check out Sally and Brandy's diner."

"I would love to, but being out in public..."

"We can go out as friends. I promise to behave." Then he added, "Until we get home anyway, and besides, do you think anyone that follows your dad would be there?"

"You're right. I'll text Justin."

Thirty minutes later they walked into the diner where Sally greeted them both with a hug. "Hey, guys, are you here for an early dinner?"

"We are. I hope we didn't need reservations?" Henry asked.

"No. I would always make room for you. If it was later, you might have to wait a bit but not at this time of the day."

"Hey, guys," Brandy came up behind them. I'll get you seated. Sal, did you tell them where we were going?" She kissed her cheek as she grabbed some menus.

"I hadn't yet. You tell them, I have to get a pie from Nat's place." Sally took the time to kiss Brandy before walking to the back.

"She seems a little more chipper today." Henry commented as they walked.

"Oh, up front here or in the back?"

"Back please," J.Jay said softly. "Where are you going?"

"We are going to St. John. We leave Friday morning. Thank you, Henry, for being willing to help with Kelin."

"No problem, thanks for the back table."

"I'll be back in a few minutes for your order."

After Brandy took the order, J. told Henry about the students and what their specialties were. "Next week we will all work on a mural I am setting up."

Henry smiled, "I love seeing you like this." Henry reached over and took his hand and quickly squeezed it before letting go. 

As they were sharing a dessert, a group of people wandered in and were shown to a long table that had been set up across from them. There were a dozen or so early twenty somethings that sat and started light hearted banter. Henry and J. just ate their dessert in silence. They finished and as they stood up one of the girls at the next table said, "Joanna, is that you?" J.Jay stopped in his tracks. The young woman was now standing up and looking at him. "It is you!" She looked at J. and took a breath. "I'm sorry. You probably go by another name, now.  My mom told me..."

"Yes, J.Jay," he said softly. "Nice seeing you." J. pushed Henry forward and they got out as quickly as they could. Once they made it outside J.Jay began to shake and Henry took his arm and led him to the car.

"She seemed very nice. She was relaxed and non threatening."

"It's not her I'm worried about. Her mom works for my dad. If she says the wrong thing to her mom, her mom might tell him I'm in town."

"Do you want me to go talk to her?"

"No, you're right. She was a friend that actually understood me and even though her mom worked with dad, she didn't go for all his shit. She knew I was ... what I was, and didn't care."

"What you were? You were and are a human being who knew who you were meant to be." Henry turned off into a parking lot and reached for J., pulling him close and kissing him. "You know, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"I care about you, too. I wish I was ready to... I wish I knew what..."

"We'll talk about it when we get home, if you're ready."

"Let's go home. You need to put the kids down soon."

 

"Wow, all that sun and water has worn the kids out. I don't think they have ever all gone to bed this early," Brian said as he opened a bottle of whiskey. "Are you glad we came down?"

"Of course I am. Are you? You're the one that has to plan your work away from the office."

"Sunshine, nine months a year you do everything for me and the kids. Three months here is the least I can do. And besides, the kids love it here. Oh, by the way, Dad says he can pick up your mom and Molly on Friday. He is going to be near that part of the city anyway."

"Is he going to stay in the city the rest of the week?" 

"He said it just works better for him to sleep at Legacy South during the week, especially right now. Later this summer he might come here more often."

"Sounds like Henry and J. are home. I'm glad they went out. They deserve some one on one time."

Henry walked in with J.Jay right behind him. "We can put the kids..." Henry realized they weren't around.

"The kids all went to bed about 20 minutes ago. All the fresh air had them exhausted. How was dinner?" Justin asked.

"Their food is great!" Henry said.

"And what aren't you saying?" Brian asked.

Henry glanced at J.Jay who then started to talk, "Someone recognized me from my childhood."

"Tell us what happened," Justin said as he directed them to sit.

"Nothing really. She came in just before we left and she called me by my original name."

"But she seemed genuine and kind," Henry added.

"Her mom works with my dad in his office, or she did. She will tell him if she finds out, I'm sure."

"Just remember, if you ever feel like you are being followed let me know. I can get you some protection," Brian stated. "And J.Jay, I know you didn't ask, but I know you are interested in talking to your mom, so I have hired someone to accidentally bump into her and feel out what she has to say and her reaction. She will never know the person was sent at all."

J.Jay looked at Brian, locking eyes, "Thank you. I would like to see her at least one more time.  If it wasn't for her, my dad would have definitely sent me to treatment." And then J. got quiet. It was as though the conversation had drained him of all energy.

Henry stood, "Let's head to bed, J." He slipped an arm around his waist and kissed his cheek.  "You have had a long day."

As they walked toward their room, J. turned around and said to Justin, "The rest of the day went well. I'll talk to you in the morning."

"Let's head to bed, Bri." Justin stood and offered Brian his hand. Brian stood and picked up the glasses they had used. He carried them to the sink and then it was his time to offer his hand and together they walked down the hall.

"So, have they had sex yet?" Brian asked as he began to gently rub Justin's crotch.

"If you mean intercourse, I don't think so."

"When I was their age I would never have stuck around without sex."

"If it would have been me?"

"If it had been you, I would have been arrested for being a pervert. You would have been about 12."

Justin trembled and sighed as Brian's hand kept stroking him, "You know what I mean. When it is the right person, you will do what you need to do... or not do. I don't think he knows what the ‘right' way to have sex is. I think Nat will help her figure it out if they can't figure it out together." Justin stood up. Damn, take me to bed!"

"My pleasure." Brian stood and pulled his husband close. "I would have never let you go." The kiss expressed his feelings for him. "Damn, I love you."

 

J. and Henry lay on their bed. Henry was in his boxers but as usual, J. was dressed in a t-shirt and shorts. Henry kissed him. He slid his hand under the hem of his shirt and he ran his hand along his abs. It had taken J. a long while to feel comfortable with this but he trusted Henry.

"J., it has to be hard to breathe with your chest wrapped that tightly all the time. You know you could take it off at night. I love you, no matter what body parts you have. I have told you I have been with men and women. I will do whatever you want me to do." Henry kissed his neck and worked his way to his lips.

"Henry, I'm just... I hate my body. I mean, what do I need these things for?" He hit his chest with his fist and then, to Henry's surprise, turned to him and started to sob. "My chest always hurts and my body wants you so bad. I just don't know how to..." Henry held him tightly until he calmed down a bit.

"Do you trust me?" J.Jay nodded to Henry. "Sit up." J. did what he asked. Henry slowly tugged J.'s shirt over his head. He resisted covering his chest which was still bound. Henry began kissing him gently as he slowly unwrapped J.'s chest. As he got to the last couple rounds, Henry slipped his fingers under the wrap and as he increased the depth of the kiss, Henry finished removing the wrap and then with a feather light touch, slid his hand across his chest, not lingering in any spot. He moved his hand lower and played with J.'s waistband. "Have you ever..." Henry asked.

"No," J.Jay responded but instead of pulling away, he pressed tighter against him. "Are you sure you are really interested in this body? I would understand if..."          

"I am in love with J.Jay. That means the whole package, and, if you will let me, I will show you I love the body as much as the soul."

To Henry's surprise, J.Jay turned toward him and began to tug at Henry's boxers. "Henry, if I don't react like I should..."

"Darling, there is no right or wrong way. Just let me know if something doesn't feel right." Henry debated for a split second before he positioned himself between J.'s legs and after helping prop a pillow under his hips and putting on a condom, he slid his erect cock into her pussy. He felt the spot of resistance and as he clamped his mouth on J.Jay's, he gently pushed through. He felt him tense but soon an orgasm swept over both of them.

J.Jay clung to Henry. "J., are you alright? I didn't hurt you, did I?"        

"Oh, no," he said softly. "Can we talk tomorrow?"

"Of course, J. Just sleep now." As Henry felt J.Jay relax and go to sleep, he kissed his forehead and then couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened and hoped it would happen again, soon.

 

Henry was up and out of the room before J.Jay was awake. He saw him for just a second as he went to pull the car out for Justin and then they left for the gallery.

"So, J., tell me to shut up if you want, but did something happen last night?"

"I love him." he said softly, "but I feel like a liar. I feel like a man but made love like a woman. How will I ever know who I really am?"

"J., did Henry have any issues with the way you made love?"

"He said he didn't care as long as he was with me."

"He loves you, you know."

"I just don't want to hold him back."

"Don't ever think that way, and by the way, anything happen yesterday that I need to know before we get there?"     

"They are great. This is going to be the best summer ever."

"Did Cora show up at all?"

"Oh, ya, she wanted to get into your studio but I said no."

"Thanks. Looks like I will have to talk to her. If I remember right she leaves on Friday and will be gone until next Wednesday. I'm glad she travels a lot." J.Jay pulled into Justin's spot and they were off to work.

 

The next few days moved smoothly. Justin emailed Cora and reminded her he was renting the space upstairs so she did not have free access to his space and if she needed something up there she had to clear it with him and him alone.

Brandy and Sally were bringing Kelin over on Thursday evening so they could leave early in the morning and around 10:00 Molly and Jennifer would be picked up by Kevin. The students were going to work with J.Jay until noon and then they had the weekend to explore and J. would be around the house and help out any way he could.  

Thursday night, Brian and Justin, along with Connie, made sure everything was ready for company and then they all went to their rooms to relax. Sunset was getting later, so together they watched the sky turn shades of pink and orange and then it faded to a deep purple and then midnight blue. Justin turned into Brian's arms and just held him tight. "We aren't going to have a lot of time for the two of us in the next ten days." Justin pressed his pelvis against Brian's.

"I love the way you think, and the day the girls get back you and I are taking a night just for the two of us. But right now," Brian pulled Justin's shirt off, "you and I are going to enjoy ourselves tonight."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

The men rolled back and forth, taking turns being on top while they tortured each other with nips, licks, and kisses. And then, as they slipped into a spooning position, Brian sank into his love. Every few strokes Brian stopped so they both could regain control and then they would move again. They continued this for several more minutes and when they couldn't wait anymore they slipped over the top. Staying joined, they fell asleep. 

Justin woke in a sweat. He slipped out of bed and went into the bathroom and splashed water on his face, trying to shake the dream he had. He hadn't had a nightmare for a long time. After Brian had rescued him from his father, he had dreams most nights, but those had stopped once Craig went to prison. But this time his dad was nowhere in sight. It was Cora who had come out of the shadows. 

He stood and gazed out the window at the pool. He realized Henry and J were there in a lounge chair. He had to smile a little before he thought back to his dream. J.Jay had warned him about Cora. But she really hadn't done anything. Why was he dreaming about her? He shivered at the memory of the dream.

"What's wrong, Sunshine?" Brian's arms came around him from behind. "You're shivering." Brian gently touched Justin's forehead.  

Justin reached up and took his hand, bringing it to his lips and kissing it. "I'm fine. I'm so glad to see Henry and J. getting closer." Justin comments.

"You didn't answer me. What's wrong, Sunshine?"

"I really don't think anything is wrong. I just had a dream and..."

"Your dad again?"

"That's the weird thing. It was about Cora. She wasn't even around today."

"What was the dream about?"

"I don't remember all the details. I just know I was in my studio and she appeared in the corner of the room, like she was hovering at the ceiling."

Brian turned Justin to face him, "Are you telling me everything about this woman?"

"I am! The only thing she has done was invade my personal space a couple times. Maybe one of the nurses Dad had hired subconsciously reminds me of her. I don't know what else it would have been."

"Sunshine, if it was me I'd blow it off. I would say it was a side effect of all the trail mix I used to take but ..."

Justin ran his hands through Brian's thick hair and brought his head down to meet his own lips. When they separated several moments later Justin said, "I have had two brain surgeries. I am bound to have weird dreams from time to time. Now, we better get some sleep. You know the kids will be up early. Gus can't wait to see Mom and Molly." They linked fingers and walked back to bed. Laying down side by side, Justin said, "Brian, I love you."

"Love you, too, Sunshine."

 

It had taken Justin a little while to fall asleep so when Brian woke, he showered and dressed quietly before slipping out of the room to help Henry with the kids. Connie handed Brian a mug of coffee. "And where is Justin this morning? He didn't go in to work with J. did he?"

"No, he woke up from a dream and then he couldn't fall back to sleep."

"Does that happen often?"

"It used to, but it has been a long time. Having had brain surgery, we were told it could happen.  Thankfully, they aren't a regular event anymore."

As Henry took the boys upstairs to get dressed, Brian sat next to Jessi. As Connie set some breakfast in front of Brian, she said, "I used to have a girl that worked for me that had horrible nightmares. A couple of times, when she had been hired for the whole night, I got calls because she had gotten so distraught that her associate for the night didn't want her to stay."

"Did she know what caused her dreams?"

"She had a hundred reasons. Childhood instability and abuse. I helped her transition out of the business and into my office. I helped her complete college. She is a doctoral student now. She wants to help kids that have gone through the same thing she did."

"Connie, how many women have you helped like that?"

"I don't know. Over the years it's been quite a few. That's one of the reasons it is hard not being able to get to my funds. I have been helping several girls through school. I've been out of the business for several years now but somehow I keep finding girls that need my help."

"And that's why you are working here this summer." Brian looked at the woman with a whole new perspective. "Connie, you need to sit down with my dad and Tom. Dad is down here for the summer working on setting up more donors. Once they hear your story, they will probably be able to set you up with some help."

Jessi reached for Brian, "Dadada."

"Come here, gorgeous," Brian picked her up and snuggled her tight.  

"That's one cherished little girl. All your kids are so loving and kind. It is obvious that they have been taught respect and how to care for others." Connie touched Jessi's chestnut curls. "May I ask how you acquired this beauty?"

"Someone we heard about from my dad and sisters. She was single and knew she wasn't ready.  I was hesitant. Aaron had just turned a year and... That reminds me. It will be Aaron's birthday in a couple weeks, but since Jenn and Molly are here this week I think we should plan something for next week. Maybe on Saturday since Friday is Justin's big premier."

"Say no more. I will plan on a cake and just let me know what you want for the meal. We can plan a pool party, unless you want..."

"That sounds perfect but I will have Justin talk to you. This is more his thing." 

Henry came strolling in holding Kelin, with Aaron and Gus behind him. "Let me have that little one." Connie said and after kissing the smiling infant, she put her in a bouncy chair sitting on the counter near her. 

As Henry took the boys out to the playground, a freshly showered Justin walked into the kitchen. Brian walked over and kissed him. "Good morning, Sunshine."

"Why'd you let me sleep so long?" He took Jessi from him to give her a hug and kiss.

"You needed it. It took you a long time to fall back to sleep. You okay this morning?"

"I'm good. Mom and Molly's flight is on time. I know it has only been a couple weeks but I am looking forward to seeing them."

"Gus has a list of things to do with Grandma and Aunt Molly. Sunshine, I have about an hour's worth of work. I promise it won't be longer than that. If it is, you can set Miss Jess in the middle of my desk and we both know how much she likes to crumple paper and type on the computer."

Justin laughed, "I think Connie and I can handle these little ladies." Justin reached up and touched Brian's cheek and then kissed him. "Love you."

Brian smiled, "Love you, too, Sunshine." When Brian got to the office he immediately emailed Kevin and Tom with the story Connie told him and then started contacting people on his business contact list.

 

Two hours later Gus was waiting on the front steps when Kevin pulled up with Molly and Jenn. Soon Henry and J.Jay, who had returned moments earlier, carried the luggage to their rooms while Gus led them into the heart of the house, the kitchen/family area. He introduced Connie and it wasn't long before Jenn and Connie were busy talking about the kids and Molly, sat on the sofa helping Aaron hold Kelin.

Justin slipped over to Brian and kissed his cheek, "Did you get your business finished?"

"I got it started. I'll fill you in tonight."

"Are you doing work for Kinnetik?"

"Well, in a roundabout way. Now, what do you say we leave the kids home with Grandpa and Grandma, not to mention an aunt and a nanny. I want to run to the store to get some liquor and Connie has a few other things she wants us to pick up."

"Sure, but next time we go out it better include dinner and liquor if you want to get lucky." 

"Anytime you are on my arm, I'm lucky."

Justin held onto his arm a little tighter as they strode to the car.

 

Chapter 4 by Simply written

 

The boys finally went to bed when Molly agreed to read Gus and Aaron a story in their room. The adults went outside and sat in or around the hot tub. Jenn and Kevin dangled their feet in the water while Justin and Brian sat in the bubbling water and they all sipped on glasses of wine. 

"Justin, since Dad already knows what I am doing and I know, Jenn, you won't say anything at this point."

"Of course I won't, Brian."

Brian smiled at his mother in law and flicked a little water at her. "Connie told me that she has been helping fund education for girls who got out of the business. We all know there are programs out there, but not nearly enough, and many of them have outrageous requirements.  Dad," Brian patted his dad's knee, "is checking on starting a new branch of Legacy that would help men and women trying to get out of that line of work."

"I know several individuals that have been looking for a new project. We have just started looking into this, but knowing Connie, I think she would be the perfect director of a program. The fact that she has a felony record might be an issue. We may have to find someone that could be the face of the program while Connie ran it in the background. Do you think she would be willing to do that?"

"Dad, if it will help her girls, she would do anything. She is working here so she can keep up with the promises she made. I did some checking today and even most of the cops she interacted with said she was the real deal. She cares about these women and for those that want to stay in the business, we can have some support services for them."

"That sounds like an amazing program," Jenn said.

"I agree, Mom. And, Connie would be so amazing in that position." Justin kissed Brian who wasn't satisfied with a quick peck, he pulled Justin onto his lap and deepened the kiss.

Jenn and Kevin looked at each other and both laughed. "Well, Kevin, I think I am going to head to bed. We were up very early to get on a plane and I will check on all five children."

Kevin stood and offered Jenn his hand, "I'll check on the girls if you check on the boys and your girl." Brian and Justin waved at them as they walked away. And as they began to shed their trunks, Justin straddled Brian's legs and they began to rock against each other.

 

Brandy walked up behind Sally and wrapped her arms around her waist. Kissing her pulse point behind her ear she said, "Can you believe this view?"

"It is stunning." Sally rested against Brandy as they both enjoyed the breeze off the ocean and the colors of the sky as the sun sank into the water. "Brandy, why do you love me?"

"Oh, Sal, I don't know how I couldn't love you. You are the most amazing woman I have ever known. You are talented and loving and the most gorgeous human I have ever seen." Brandy tried to pull her closer, but she took a step away.

"No, Brandy! I can't even love our daughter. I am broken and now I am worthless."

Brandy stepped closer and put a hand on either side of her face and drew her slowly toward her own lips. A shiver ran down Sally's spine and slowly she reached out, putting her arms around Brandy's neck. She pressed her body against Brandy and when the kiss ended she softly said, "Can we take a walk on the beach?"

"We can do anything you want, love. They took a small funicular from the hotel to the beach and just as they arrived the beams of light began to reach across the water as if to caress the women on the sand. After strolling a short distance from the hotel they found a cabana with a swinging bench in it and they sat down. It was a small three sided hut only a few feet from the high tide mark.

Sally pulled her feet up under her and she rested her head on Brandy's shoulder. "Bry, I want to love her. I think I do love her, but somehow... I don't know how to explain it."

"You don't have to explain it. The next 3 days it is just you and me. "Remember the first time we met?"

"The view wasn't quite the same." Sally laughed, making Brandy's heart sing. 

Brandy kissed the top of her head. "If I remember right, we were in that filthy alley. The smell was so bad."

"But later that night we climbed to the roof of the building and watched the sun set and then watched the moon come up."

"And then we held hands for the first time. I still remember the electricity between us. I knew we belonged together." 

"And we do, right?"

"Of course," Sally adjusted so she could kiss Brandy. Brandy pulled her against her and her hand began to move up Sally's bare midriff. Just as she touched her breast someone nearby cleared their throat. They both jumped.

"Excuse me, ladies. We have a report of a thunderstorm rolling in," a young man in a hotel uniform stood to the side.  

"Sean, how did you know we were here?" Sally asked, reading his name tag. Brandy took her hand as they followed the man.

"We are a boutique hotel. We only have a small number of guests. We knew the funicular was still down here so we figured you were too."

"Is this a real storm coming?" Brady was a little concerned.

"Oh, no. Just a little wind and a lot of rain tonight but by sunrise it will all be cleared out."

Sean helped them into the funicular car and slowly moved it up the cliff. As they moved up he pointed out the cloud front moving nearer and bolts of lightning making it look more ominous. "Are you on your honeymoon?"

"Well, I guess it could be. We couldn't afford one when we got married," Sally said.

Brandy continued, "Can you believe this beautiful woman had a beautiful baby girl less than four months ago?"

"I am sure she is as beautiful as her mothers," Sean said as he opened the door of the car just as they felt the first drop of rain. Just as they arrived at the veranda the sky opened and a torrent of water came down.

The women thanked Sean for saving them and then moved to their room. Whether it was the beach or the rain the women began to pull off their clothes and then were lying on the bed with the big canopy. Brandy began stroking and kissing Sally and for the first time in months, she didn't put Brandy off. Soon they were covered with the sheen of sex and silk sheets.

Sally drug her finger across Brandy's chest and around her nipples making her shiver. "I love every curve of your body." Her finger moved down and started tracing the thin lines that stood out against her dark skin. Some of them were in neat little rows and some of them were random. "Do you ever think about cutting now?"

"No, Sal. You know I haven't for over ten years."

"I know you don't do it, but do you think about doing it?"

"No, not really. On a 16 hour day at the diner and someone didn't show up or walked out and a shipment doesn't arrive, I might think about getting some release, but then I think about you and Kelin. Sometimes I even think about Father Kev and about Brian and Justin. Just thinking about family reminds me of all the people that have my back, people that would be here at our side in moments if we needed them."

Outside thunder had gone from soft rolling in the distance to window rattling. The sky lit the island like it was day before throwing it into the darkest night again. Brandy stood and lightly tugged Sally's hand. Grabbing the sheet off of the bed, Brandy wrapped the silk around them both and opened the door to the balcony. The breeze blew through the room. At times they felt a little of the rain but then one moment the wind picked up and before they knew it they were drenched. When they looked at each other they began to laugh. They both got the giggles and soon they were sitting on the floor, in a puddle of water still laughing.  

Sally scooted closer and wrapped a leg around Brandy and Brandy did the same. They slid in closer and closer until their very cores were pressed tightly against each other. As they moved against each other, their heat and desire grew until they both cried out as orgasms flooded over each of them.

"Brandy," Sally said softly. "I know I need help and I'm ready to get it now. When we get back I'll go talk to the counselor."

"Oh, darling," Brandy pulled her close and kissed her. "Now let's go take a hot shower and then get some sleep. I plan to do a lot of nothing tomorrow. Lying in the sun and making love is all I plan on doing."

"Do you think there might be some way to get some food? I just realized I'm starving." Sally walked to the bar and picked up a menu. "Perfect. 24 hour room service. You go start the shower and I will order something and join you in a minute."

 

After a hot shower, they wrapped each other in robes and then sitting cross legged on the bed they ate the sandwiches Sally ordered, and then, after making the bed with the fresh sheets Sally had also ordered, they got in bed and slept better than they had in months.

 

J.Jay's phone rang near midnight. He looked at Henry and then at the number. He didn't recognize it. "Should I?"

"Let me." It was the first time Jay received a call from anyone other than from the people he knew. "Hello, Henry here." Henry tried to sound cheery as he put it on speaker phone.

"Oh, I thought this was Joanna's number. I'm sorry I..."

"I'm here, Mom." J.Jay softly responded.

"Oh, darling, I heard you were in town. Joanna, please, may I see you?"

"Mom, it's J.Jay now." All of the sudden it hit him, "Where's Dad? He's not there, is he?"

"No, he is out of town. He will be back tomorrow night so he can lead worship on Sunday."

"How did you know I was here?"

"You went for dinner..."

"I had a feeling she told you."

"She knows how much I miss you. Can I see you?"

"Mom, that's not a good idea. I don't want him to be angry with you." Henry put his arm around J. as tears rolled down his cheeks. 

"But, Joa...J, I miss you so much."

Henry took the phone from J.Jay and took it off speaker. "Mrs. Carter, my name is Henry and I am a friend of your son's. I think this is a little too much for J. right now. If you have a chance to call him in a couple weeks, that might be better. We will be around all summer."

"Henry, are you his..."

"I'm his friend. I will always have his best interest at heart."

"Thank you, Henry. Reverend Carter will be out of town at the end of the month. I would love to see my dau..., my child."

"Text him that week. Good night." Henry tossed the phone and wrapped his arms around J.Jay who had slowly dissolved into a heap on the bed. "You really miss them, don't you?"

"I miss Mom. My brothers and my dad, I miss the thought of a family. I remember when I was little. I was finally the daughter that completed the family. Everyone knew I was a tomboy and said it was because of my three brothers. Mom and I were always close, but as I got older, she realized I wasn't just an athlete or sporty. She kept it from my father for as long as she dared, but eventually she realized I truly was different. I would never be the daughter she wanted me to be. It's been so long since I saw her. What did she say at the end? I couldn't hear it all."

"She said your dad will be out of town at the end of the month and she is hoping you can get together."

"Really? She wants to see me or does she want me to ‘change'?"

"I can't be sure but she will text you when he goes." Henry kissed his forehead. "Now, it's time for some sleep. You have a couple art students to show around the city tomorrow and I have four children to assist with."

"Thanks, Henry," J said as he laid against him. "I lo... I'm glad you're here." Minutes later they were sound asleep.

 

Saturday was a beautiful day. Justin was up early with Kelin when J.Jay silently moved into the kitchen. Justin jumped a little when he realized he wasn't alone. "You're up early, especially for a Saturday. Everything alright?"

"Ya, I just ...."

"Grab us each a cup of coffee and then sit down and tell me about it."

J.Jay doctored Justin's coffee the way he liked it and he made a cup for himself. Then they sat at the counter on stools. Justin waited patiently and when he noticed J. looking at a now sleeping Kelin he offered to pass his niece to him. At first he shook his head but then he took the passive child. As Justin expected, J.Jay started talking while he looked at the beautiful child.

"My mom called last night." He paused. Justin touched his arm encouraging him to continue.  "I am sure the woman I saw in the cafe told her I was in town."

"How did that go?"

"She wants to see me." 

"Do you want to see her?"

"I do, but I don't want it to cause problems for her. If Dad finds out I don't know what he would do."

"He wouldn't hurt her, would he?"

"No, he would just guilt her into telling her where I am. And if he finds out how to get a hold of me, my life will never be the same. Because of you... and Henry, I have finally realized who I really am and who I want to be."

Justin saw Connie walking to the kitchen but she stopped when she saw the men talking. "J.Jay, if you need anything from Brian or I, all you need to do is ask. You know Kevin and Tom will help in any way they can, too."

"Thanks, I know." He handed the infant back to Justin. "I'm going to grab a cup for Henry."

"Do that. What time were you going to take the students out today?"

"I'm going to be there about noon."

"Tell Henry to go with you. Mom and Molly are here and so is Kevin. We got the kids."

"Are you sure?"

"Enjoy your day. Show Henry your city. Tell him we'll expect both of you and the students at the pool tomorrow."

"Thanks, Justin!" The usually stoic J.Jay nearly skipped toward his room.

"You do know I will keep this little one as much of the day as you would like," Connie said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Thanks for giving us a moment."

"Is everything alright with J?" Connie asked with motherly concern.

"I hope so. It's a family issue. I am sure if he needs something he or Henry will talk to us." Justin laid Kelin in the cradle they kept near the sofa. "His mother called him last night."

"Oh, the poor boy. He has told me how much he misses her."

"I knew he had talked to you about his family. I'll let him tell you the details but it shook him up."

"I'm always here for him." She looked at Justin. "Go kiss Brian good morning and get ready for your day. I have this little one."

"Thanks, Connie. You do so much more for us than you were hired to do."

"Well, you bring out the best in me. I am glad you are still around for the rest of the summer."

"What will you do when we leave?" Justin asked, wondering if she was planning ahead.  

"I will start looking for employment the first of August. I'll be fine for quite a while if I don't find something. Even without access to my accounts. Now go to Brian."

Justin kissed her cheek and headed to their bedroom. He opened the door quietly. Brian laid sprawled on his stomach across the bed. He removed his clothes quietly and then moved onto the bed sliding up between Brian's spread legs. He began to rock, sliding his cock against the valley between his ass cheeks.

"Damn, are you going to fuck me?" 

Justin laid across his back and kissed his neck. "Do you want me to?"

"I am guessing we don't have time, considering how late it is." Brian threw him off and slid across Justin's chest and kissed him long and leisurely. They were both slightly aroused and yet very relaxed. "Let's grab a shower before going to breakfast."

Thirty minutes later they walked into the kitchen to find Molly, Jenn, and Kevin sitting at the table with Gus, Aaron, and Jessi. Everyone was smiling broadly as J.Jay and Henry played waiters for Connie. Gus and Aaron giggled when, with a flourish, Henry set a plate in front of Gus. J.Jay did the same in front of Aaron. Jessi clapped from all the excitement.

Molly, who had a little crush on both J.Jay and Henry, thanked J. as he set a plate in front of her. "This all looks so good. Thanks, Connie." 

"You are so welcome, Molly. I just enjoy seeing everyone enjoy my food."

Brian and Justin walked around the table giving everyone hugs and kisses and then Justin looked at Henry and J.Jay. "You two are off the house clock. Go take a dip or whatever you want. If anything comes up with sightseeing, give me a call."

"We will," Henry said. "Thanks for the time off."

"If we had any more people to watch the kids we'd have to start wondering what to do. I mean we have 4 kids with 6 to watch them. Don't think twice about us."

"I like those two," Kevin said. "J.Jay needed someone like Henry in his life. Friends or lovers, they are good together."

"Yes, they are," Jenn agreed. "This is where J.Jay is from, right? Does he have a family?'

"Grandma, can we go swing?" Gus asked Jenn.

"Sure, Gus."

"Aaron, come too?" Aaron asked.

"How about if we all go?" Kevin said, picking Aaron up.  

"You coming, Molly?"

"No, I'm going to video chat with my friends." Molly said as she stood and headed toward her room.

As Kevin and Jenn walked out the boys, Brian said, "I guess it is just you and me and the girls." Brian had to laugh, "And did you ever think you would hear me say that?"  

Justin laughed, "Glad I don't have to worry." He stood and kissed Brian before lifting Jessi up.

Brian looked at Justin and then at Connie, "Connie, why don't you have a seat. Relax for a while."

Connie grabbed a mug and filled it with coffee. Then she picked up a crescent roll and sat by the table. "You aren't letting me go, are you?" Connie was smiling but there was the slightest twinge of worry in her face.

"No, you are stuck with us until the end of August," Justin said and then let Brian go on.

"I have started something, but before I go any further, I want to make sure you are interested."

"I'm listening." She took a bite of the roll.

Brian pushed back from the table and crossed his long legs. My dad and I are working on getting some funding to open a new foundation that would focus on women who want to get off the streets, or possibly they work for a setup similar to what you ran, and they aren't looking to change professions but they need support in some other way. In other words, we would help them the same way you have been doing."

"I can't believe this! This is what I have wanted to do for so long. It's what I had planned until they froze my accounts."

"Obviously we have a long way to go to make this happen. Connie, if it comes to fruition, we would like you to be a very big part of it, but I won't beat around the bush, you are a felon. You can't be the face of the foundation."

"Oh, Brian, I don't care if I work in the basement of the building. I don't want the spotlight. I just want this for the girls." She started to add some of her own thoughts. "I want there to be daycare for the children. I want to help get them grants and scholarships. Insurance is always hard for them."

Brian raised his hand to stop her, "We have all of that on our list. I just wanted you to know what we hope to accomplish. Start writing down things you have on your wishlist, but more importantly, we need to find someone as the public face. This has to be a person that has a squeaky clean reputation." Brian could see Connie's mind absorbing everything he had just told her. 

"Connie, we know this is a lot to take in," Justin said as he handed Jessi to Brian. "We just want you to start thinking, and if you aren't interested in helping, that is fine, too, we will just need to look for two people running it."

"Oh, ya, I am interested. I don't know how to thank you." Connie stood and started picking up a few dishes left on the table.

"Come up with someone you could work with and we will work on the rest."

"I will start thinking.  I... Thank you." As if on cue, Kelin started fussing and Justin went to pick her up. "I'll get a bottle for her. Why don't you take the girls out to the shaded patio and I will bring it out to you." 

 

The day had been a relaxing one for Brandy and Sally. Sean had been right. When they had woken in the morning the sun was streaming in the windows, as was the fragrance of rain soaked tropical flowers and the scent of the ocean below. They had eaten breakfast in the outdoor cafe overlooking the waves as they rolled in. The buffet was spectacular. There were all kinds of fresh fruit and flaky pastries along with quiches and crepes. 

After ordering a picnic basket to be delivered to the beach in several hours, they took the funicular back to the beach. They went back to the cabana they had found last night. There had been a large lounge chair placed near it and the women spent the entire day in paradise. A cooler that included their lunch and a variety of beverages was delivered mid morning and they were set. By the time they returned to the hotel at 5:00, the women felt more relaxed than they had in months and they remembered how much in love they were.  

It was about 6:00 pm when Kevin's phone rang. The day in Atlanta had been full of relaxation, too. Right now the family was sitting around the pool deck as Brian and Justin finished grilling dinner. "Hey, Sal, how are you, my girl?" Kevin asked cheerily.

"Oh, Father Kev, it is so beautiful and I will tell you more but I need to know how Kelin is."

"Your daughter is perfect, if not a little spoiled. She really is a little angel."

"I miss her." That made his heart skip a beat. "I know I have a way to go yet but I've had time to let everything sink in. I know it is not Kelin's fault and it isn't my fault. I just need a little support for a while."

"Sally, I am so happy you realize that. I know you will get past this, and we are all here for you.  Is Brandy next to you?"

"Brandy, Kev wants to talk to you," Sally said off to the side of the phone. "She just finished taking a shower. Love you. Kiss my little girl for me. I'm going to go shower now so we can go to dinner soon." 

"Hey, Father Kev, everything good?" Brandy said into the phone.

"Everything is good. It sounds like everything is very good in St. John."

"It is. I know nothing is solved but I really think Sal has turned the corner."

"I am so glad. If you don't mind, I need to go. Our dinner is ready and I have a feeling the two of you will be going out soon, too."

"Yes, say hi to everyone and kiss Kelin for me. I know she is well cared for but I miss her so much."

"Enjoy yourself. We will talk tomorrow evening." Kevin ended the call and said hi to everyone from the girls.

Just as everyone sat down, Henry and J.Jay walked up. "Just in time," Molly said eagerly, as her two favorite men walked up. They filled their plates and sat one on either side of Molly. Soon the kids were done and as Henry finished eating, he and J.Jay volunteered to take the kids in. It was obvious they were getting tired. J. carried Jessi while Gus and Henry each took one of Aaron's hands and the five of them walked into the house.

 

The remainder of the weekend went smoothly. Justin's students joined them Sunday and by Monday morning Justin was excited to go in. They had four days to put the show together and at least two of them would be without Cora. He was already planning for next summer, but he would not be using the same gallery unless he was assured she wasn't going to be there.

As predicted. Justin and J.Jay spent long days at the studio on Monday and Tuesday. The projects for the show needed to be completed so drying could occur before the show on Friday.  Wednesday they would plan the layout and then set up would occur on Thursday and Friday morning, leaving Friday afternoon free for any last minute emergencies. Justin just hoped everything went smoothly so he could spend as little time as possible in that building. He had actually called a couple galleries trying to find one that would let them use their facilities before the next two students came in.  

When Justin arrived home on Wednesday he was exhausted. He was so glad his Mom and Molly had been here all week. He felt like he had deserted the kids. He had left early and come home late the last three days. Just as he was leaving the gallery tonight Cora had arrived but thankfully, he was already in the car and J.Jay quickly pulled out, almost before Justin had the door shut, so they didn't need to talk to her. They were only a couple blocks away when Justin received a text. ‘I need to meet with you in the morning to see your finalized plans for the exhibit.' Before he could respond she said, ‘9:00 a.m. my office.'

Now as he lay in bed with Brian he said, "Fuck, why does she need to talk to me?"

"Is it in your agreement? Do you need to have her approve the setup?"

"She has the final go, but nowhere does it say I have to meet with her. And all she can really do is tell me something can't be where we put it because of fire code."

"Well, then, you aren't going to meet with her. I will go in with you at 10:00, after a conference call I have, and I will help you set up. Do you think you will have enough time to organize it?"

"That should work. Kevin is going to take Kelin along to the airport to pick up her mommies so Henry, Mom, and Molly will have the kids. Thanks, Brian."

"I just wish I knew why she bothered you so much. I mean, I know you aren't a person that panics. You can handle yourself."

"I really don't know. I just find her ominous. I think by Friday, I will have the new gallery lined up.  It is going to cost $20,000 to back out of the contract but..."

"I'd pay $50,000 to make you feel comfortable."

"The only problem is the new place doesn't have sleeping quarters."

"I bet Connie can help us find a place near the gallery that is reasonable. She knows the city well."

"I'll ask her while you have your call tomorrow." 

"Goodnight, Sunshine."

"Love you, Brian."

"Love you, too." and they both stopped talking and fell asleep.

 

At 8:30 Justin got a message from Cora, ‘You didn't respond. I am expecting you at 9:00'.

Justin responded, ‘My contract does not require me to meet with you. By noon on Friday, you can do your final walk through.' 

‘But I insist.' Cora came back.

‘Call my lawyer. Number is on the contract.'

"Connie, do you know anything about Cora?"

"Well, I know who she is."

"Have you ever heard rumors about her? Any kind of stories?"

"I remember a couple of my clients, back in the day, mentioning her while they waited for their date. One night a couple men arrived after a showing at the gallery. It was a show of some dark pieces and they were talking about how weird she was acting around the kinky works. They were joking with me that I should hire her for the guys who are looking for that kind of evening."

"You never talked to her, did you?"

"No. We didn't cater to those kinds of dates. I have a friend that has a playhouse just for those kinds of evenings."

"At least that makes me feel like I am not totally paranoid."

"No, it isn't you."

"One more thing, Connie. Do you know of a place that would have housing for two students at a time. Either an apartment with two bedrooms, that we could have for the summer, or a hotel. It should be within a few blocks of the new gallery."

"I have a couple places that might. I will check around today and let you know."

"Thanks, Connie. That would be great." 

"Are you ready to go?" Brian said, wrapping his arm around Justin.

"As soon as J. appears. We have a couple minutes."

"Connie, if you don't mind turning around, I just thought of something we could do while we wait." He pulled Justin against him and placed his hands on his ass, pulling him close. Connie walked into the laundry room, laughing. Brian and Justin kissed until J. cleared his throat. 

"Did you want me to take a separate car?"

"If you want to go ahead, but I don't think you will need to," Justin commented.

"I definitely don't want to stay there any longer than I have to. I'll go with you."

When they arrived Justin was surprised Cora's car was not in the lot. They could set up the show in peace.

The two young artists, J.Jay, Justin, and Brian worked from 10:00 until 1:00 before they took a break. As the five of them sat around the gallery eating sandwiches they ordered from the cafe, they relaxed and chatted. Brian and Justin sat on the small staircase, side by side. As Justin took the last bite he got a message. He pulled out his phone and gasped. He stood and walked in a circle.

"Justin, what are you doing? Who was the message from?"

"Cora." He pointed to several spots around the room. "She's been watching us all day."

 

Chapter 5 by Simply written

 

"That fucking witch!" Brian walked around the room, flipping off every camera. "I'd love to sue her ass, but she probably has every right to have cameras in this public area. Sunshine, have you ever checked your office and studio area? Those are spaces you privately rented. If we find cameras in any of those areas, that bitch isn't getting a penny of the $20,000." 

Brian took Justin's keys and went up to his office while the artists made adjustments to placement of their work. He let himself into the work area and he didn't see any cameras except in the hallways. Next, he entered Justin's private office space. He looked everywhere he could think of but didn't see any cameras. He called Connie.

"Brian, what can I do for you?"

"Connie, I would never think you had people that might be above the law, but do you know any tech people that could look through the studios here? We just found out that Cora has been watching us all day. This is a public area but if she has cameras in the privately rented areas, we got her."

"I'll make a call and get back to you. I'll try to get someone over there soon." 

"Thanks, Connie. If you save us $20,000, I will put that money into the new foundation."

"Someone will be there soon."

Brian looked a little bit more but couldn't see anything. He then got a text with a picture attached of a young man. ‘He will be there in 5. Don't ask his name.' was all the message said. Brian went down and waited by the door. Exactly five minutes later the young man appeared at the door. Brian let him in. He had on a hat and dark glasses and never looked directly at the cameras in the rooms.  

After only ten minutes the young man had found six cameras. He checked out the apartments where the students were staying and there were none found. There were two in the main work room, both near Justin's work. There were two in Justin's office, and, to Brian's horror, there were two in Justin's private bathroom. "I'll kill her." As quietly as the young man slipped in, he was gone, leaving Brian to talk to Justin about the findings. 

Brian took Justin's hand and led him out the door and into their car. He didn't want to be picked up by a camera outside the building either. "Brian, you're scaring me."

"Sunshine, she definitely has a fixation and we are going to sue her for everything she has, including this gallery, so next year it will be yours to use." Brian tried to add a little lightheartedness. 

"He found six cameras in your rented space."

"The apartments?"

"No. We checked them over and they were camera free."

"Thank god. That could have been the end of my program. Where were the cameras?"

"Well, there were two in the studio, two in your office, and," Brian took his hand, "she had two in your bathroom."

Justin froze for a moment, but then he said with a shaky voice, "I've never been shy." 

"Sunshine, this isn't Babylon. The woman invaded..."

"Brian, don't say anything else, okay? I need to get through tomorrow and I need to push that out of my mind."

"Then let's do the last look and then we won't have to come back tomorrow until late afternoon." Brian got out of the car and took a deep breath before opening Justin's door. If Justin needed support, he would be there to keep him upright. And he would be there to put him back together after he learns all the details.


It was after 6:00 when they left for the day. They had all agreed they preferred to work late today and not have to go in until late afternoon on Friday. Brian and Justin rented two rooms at a nice hotel and made sure the uber had picked them up before Justin, Brian, and J.Jay left for home.

When Brian and Justin arrived home they ate dinner with the family and then helped put the kids to bed. After the kids were in bed, Brian said, "Fill the tub. I'm going to get us a bottle of wine and just tell Connie about the change for tomorrow."

"Hurry back, Bri. I am ready to..."

"I'll be right back!" Brian said as he moved out of the room. He rushed downstairs. He quickly talked to Connie, giving her the details that there were cameras but they weren't talking about them until the show was over. She understood right away. He also asked if she knew a massage company that could have a couple massage therapists here tomorrow around 10:00.  

"I'll do my best."

Brian kissed her. "Thank you for sending over your expert."

"Was it bad?"

"It was really bad. I hope he doesn't dwell on it tomorrow. Now," Brian grabbed a bottle of wine and popped the cork. He picked up two glasses and rushed back upstairs. He found Justin in the tub with his head resting against the slipper tub. Brian knew he had heard him as he set the wine on the little table next to the tub. He gently rubbed Justin's temples for several moments. Eventually he said, "Is there room for me in there?"

"There is room for you all the way in." Justin changed position so he was leaning over the edge of the tub, making it obvious what Justin wanted and where he wanted it. Brian stepped in the tub and soon he was bathing Justin's bud with his tongue. As he probed, he reached around and squeezed Justin's cock so he couldn't cum. 

"Oh, god, Brian, take me. I want you, all of you NOW!"

"No need to rush, Sunshine. We have all night." Brian's tongue went back to work for a couple more minutes before he plunged into him. Brian now grabbed the rolled lip of the tub for leverage and Justin came over and over. He shuttered and cried out more than once before Brian also shouted and grabbed Justin so his back was pressed against Brian's chest. They stayed that way until both of them quit trembling. Brian then separated from him and poured them each a glass of wine before they both relaxed with Brian supporting Justin's back. Brian kept one arm around Justin's chest, feeling as if he needed to protect him.

"Where were the cameras?" Justin asked as Brian refilled his wine glass. 

"I mentioned there were two in the studio. They were aimed so she could see the whole area but the clearest area was yours."

"And they weren't just general surveillance cameras?"

"These were high quality cameras that she could adjust and zoom in. She could watch it live."

"And there were two in my bathroom?" It must have hit Justin what he was really saying. He downed his glass of wine and Brian filled it again. Justin took another big swallow and said, "And she could manipulate the angles? My bathroom?"

"We'll get her but don't let this distract you tomorrow. You deserve an amazing night to show your work and what your talented students are capable of."

"If it wasn't for them and J.Jay I would have removed my show immediately after meeting her. Do we have records of the cameras and their locations?"

"I have already sent them to a lawyer. I can understand why she finds you irresistible, but she went beyond... never mind. We will take care of her after the show."

"You know she is going to want me to be there for her walk through."

"I'll answer your phone when she calls and tell her you are fighting a migraine."

"I hope that is just a lie."

"I think we need to get you to bed and you are taking one of your pills. Better safe than sorry."

Ten minutes later they were in bed. Justin hadn't argued when Brian handed him two of his pills.  Brian laid there until he heard Justin was asleep. He slipped on a robe and headed to the kitchen. He felt violated, so he could only imagine how Justin felt. He was going to torment her.  He wasn't sure how, but he was going to make her suffer. He poured a large whiskey and stood in the dark room looking at the pool.

"Son, what's bothering you tonight?" Brian jumped when he heard Kevin's voice, but felt comfort from his arm around his waist. "There has been something going on all day."

Brian sipped the amber liquid. "The owner of the gallery, Cora Cumberland, has been watching Justin."

"Watching?"

"She has cameras everywhere, including his bathroom."

Kevin tensed. "Have you notified the police?"

"He just wants to get through tomorrow. Do you still have any friends in the police here?"


"I am sure Tom has kept up with my connections. I will contact someone there tomorrow." 

"Thanks, Dad." Brian took another swallow.

"Son, I understand your anger, your husband was visually violated, but you have to let the law take care of this."

"But Dad, that woman has been making him uncomfortable since the first day, but after he told her to back off, she didn't approach him again. She didn't have to." Brian turned into his father's arms and Kevine held him close. "I'm supposed to protect him. I told him I would always be there for him."

"You are there for him and he would never say otherwise." Kevin held onto Brian for several moments. "I heard Connie planning a massage for the two of you.  Now that the girls are back and have Kelin, we can easily handle the kids. Saturday we will all get together. We are all here for each other."

"I love you, Dad. Thank you. How did you know I was here?"

"I guess God told me. I was saying my bedtime prayers and I just felt led to come here."

"I'm glad you listen to your boss." Brian kissed his cheek, "Good night, Dad."

 

Brian was up very early and on the phone with both their lawyer and a police detective. The police promised to send a couple officers to mainly keep an eye on Justin. Since Cora didn't know they had found the cameras, she isn't going to be wary. They would approach her after the exhibition was done. They would have warrants to search all her computers and for the area Justin had rented upstairs.

By 8:00 a.m., Brian was heading back upstairs with breakfast for both Justin and himself. He set the tray of food on the small table and slipped back into their large bed and Justin stretched against his lean body and let his fingers graze down his chest and abdomen. Brian caught his hand and brought it to his mouth.

"I brought some breakfast up for us. We have a couple hours before we get massages."

"Brian, I don't want to go anywhere. I love the massage idea, but I don't want to go out."

"Sunshine, we will be getting the massages right here."

"Oh, Brian, that sounds perfect, but we have time for a little..." Justin's mouth skimmed his jaw and then landed on his mouth. He positioned himself to be able to claim every millimeter of the cavity. As he moved to straddle Brian's hips, his phone beeped. He reached for his phone, "Shit, it's her."

Brian held out his hand and Justin placed it in his hand. Justin moved down Brian's body as Brian called her. "Well, Justin, I love it when you are prompt." Cora's voice oozed unwanted familiarity.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Cora. This is Brian." He cut off his own name as Justin's mouth sank down onto his cock. "Justin is fighting a migraine. He has taken his..." Brian took a deep breath, "medication. He should be fine by early afternoon but right now he is in a dark quiet place. He arched as Justin's finger slipped inside of him, nearly making him cry out. As Justin began to stroke his prostate his words spilled out. "He said he was sure you could make any minor changes needed. I have to go. We have three kids." With that he tossed the phone to the side and arched as he came deep in Justin's throat.

"Now that I have had my protein, I need some coffee." Justin got out of bed, slipped a robe on, and walked to the small table. Brian followed, feeling hungry himself.

 

Cora looked at her phone. She clicked on a file on her computer and sighed as hundreds of still shots of Justin appeared and another file full of videos. "You, young man, will soon see what I have to offer you and all I want is you, beautiful, talented boy." Her files were well organized.  One of them was labeled ‘shower'. She opened it and found her favorite. Justin walked into the bathroom, already naked and covered with paint splatters. As he washed his hair and then took a bar of soap and started running it over his body as he sang softly, Save the Last Dance for Me. His hips swayed as he sang. Cora opened her desk drawer and pulled out a long thin wand. She turned it on and felt it hum. "Once I get you to my place, I will get those hips shaking. You will beg to cum tonight." She smiled and started the video again.

 

By 2:00, Brian and Justin were both relaxed and Justin felt calmer than he had in days. "By tomorrow at this time, we will be moved out of that hell hole and into a different studio. I hate it because that gallery was perfect physically, but that woman is far too stressful."

"I guess it is time to get ready for the show. We can go now and the family is going to come about 7:00. Once we have had the little press conference, Connie is taking the kids and Molly home so they can get to bed."

"That sounds great. I know Gus wants to stay, so I guess we will decide that at the time." Justin kissed Brian and then walked over to the dressing room. He pulled out his khakis as Brian did the same. They both put on white button downs and rolled the sleeves up to the elbow. Their skin, now sunkissed after hours by the pool, made a stunning contrast to the crisp fresh shirts."

"Damn, you look so good," Brian said, looking at Sunshine from head to toe. He ran his fingers through Justin's sun bleached hair. "We may have to take a weekend away to St. John ourselves." 

"One of these weekends when I don't have a show." Justin kissed him, "I would love to do that."

"Well, then we will."

"And, by the way, no one will even notice me with you by my side tonight." He dragged a finger along Brian's jawline. "Let's get to this. Once people start arriving, the night will go smoothly. It will be fun.

Brian and Justin arrived downstairs, Kevin stood in the kitchen. "Are we going?" he asked?"

"We?" Justin asked surprised.

"With everyone here, I thought I would go with you now. J.Jay said he would be here in a couple minutes. Henry, Jenn, and Molly will bring the kids later." Kevin turned to look at Justin. "She won't be able to get you alone no matter how hard she tries." 

"Thanks, Kevin." Justin gave him a quick hug just as J.Jay walked up. "Wow, J., you look great!"

J.Jay had gotten a haircut. His hair had been pulled back in a ponytail most of the time but now it was shaved on one side and the back and other side was cut much shorter and there was deep blue dye in the longer side. 

"I wanted to look like I felt inside. But I don't want to resemble the person I was in the past."

"Do you think your family..."

"I know my mom might know, but I doubt she would come. She would be worried that someone would realize I was her child. That would be horrible for the family's reputation."

"Where does the congregation think you are?" Kevin asked as they walked to the car.

"I think they were told I went to study art abroad. Where the hell is abroad?" J. looked at Kevin, "Oops, sorry Father."

Kevin patted him on the shoulder, "You are fine, J.Jay. I know what your mom looks like. If I see her, I will try to either sidetrack her or give you a heads up."

"Thank you, Father Kevin." 

 

The four men arrived at the gallery and they walked in, Justin in the lead. "Justin! I am so glad you are here!" Cora said seductively but then realized he wasn't alone. She would have ignored that assistant that never left him alone, but he had his husband and another very handsome man with him. "Oh, and who did you bring with you?" Her voice had a disappointed hint to it.

"Cora, you have met Brian. This is my father-in-law, Kevin Cain."

Kevin walked over to her and shook her hand, "Nice to meet you, Cora."

"Kevin Cain? Why do I know that name?" She started to slide up against him but then took a step away. "You're Father Kevin from the Legacy Center. I've been hit up for donations a few times. Why didn't I put that together before?" She walked over to Brian. "Your last name isn't Cain. And he's a priest." 

Kevin looked at her. This woman had no filter. "Cora, how about showing me your whole facility? If we are looking for a place to host another fundraiser, I am sure we could make it worth your while, too." And with that Kevin led her away.

"She is fucking creepy," Brian whispered. "She wasn't that weird when we arrived."

"Cora has had a total personality breakdown. She was odd when we got here, but now..." J.Jay shivered.

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and he whispered, "We are getting you out of here tonight and you will not step back in here. J.Jay, are you willing to lead the move?"

"Of course. The movers will do the work." J.Jay said from the side where he was straightening a picture. He glanced from his position and took to steps back out of view of the door. Softly he said, "That's my mom. What is she doing here?"

"I'll find out," Brian said as he started to move to the door. "May I help you? The exhibition will start at 7:00." He said politely to the attractive woman.

"I am Camilla Carter. I think my d... child is one of the artists tonight."

"I would suggest you come back at..."

"Oh, please," Camilla's voice was choked with emotion. "I haven't seen her for more than two years. I didn't even know where she was..." She dropped her head in her hands and began to make soft weeping sounds.

J.Jay hesitantly stepped out from behind the display wall he had been using for cover. "Mama, please don't cry." He haltingly walked toward her.  

At the sound of his voice she lifted her head. His voice had changed quite a bit but she knew it immediately. "Oh Joanna," she rushed to him and threw her arms around him. He awkwardly at first, hugged her back but after a moment he tightened his grip on her.  

Brian and Justin took a step back to give them a little privacy. It wasn't long before J.Jay felt somewhat uncomfortable again and took a step away from her. "J.Jay, why don't you take your mom to that little sofa near your mural. Brian and I will be right here if you need us." Justin suggested.

"Mama, I want to introduce you to my employers and my friends. This is Brian Kinney and this is Justin Taylor. I work with Justin in his art program."

They all shook hands and then J.Jay led his mom around the corner to talk. Brian and Justin stayed within view but far enough away they weren't eavesdropping. 

"Mama, you shouldn't be here. Is your driver outside?"

"Joanna, you look so..."

"It's J.Jay now."

"I miss my daughter so much."

"I'm still the person I have always been. I never felt like Joanna, but as J.Jay I am the person I was always meant to be."

"Jo... J.Jay, your father... well, me too, we just don't believe..."

"Mama, I need to get going. This place will be full in a couple hours."

"May I see some of your work?"

"Look around. All of these are mine."

Camilla stood and looked at the smaller works and then, walked over and looked at the mural.  The details in the huge painting made it feel like you could walk into the French countryside. "Oh, J., this is so beautiful. I am glad I came."

"It was nice seeing you, but now..." J.Jay put his hand on the small of her back and guided her toward the door. As they approached it, Camilla said, "Are you happy?"

"I'm very happy, Mama."

"Can we get together again?"

"Call me when it is safe." J.Jay kissed his mother's cheek.

Kevin had returned from his tour with Cora as Camilla left. "Was that his mother?"

"Ya, I'll go see if he wants to talk."

"Let me, Justin." Kevin said. He walked across the gallery and put a hand on J.'s shoulder.  "J.Jay," Kevin was going to go on but J. turned into Kevin's arms and Kevin held him for just a moment. "Are you going to see her again?"

"I don't know. It is dangerous for her. Well, not that I thought he would hit her, but he will make her life miserable."

"I could probably speak to her safely. We have been at some fundraisers together. In fact I think she will be at an event I am going to at the end of next week. "May I talk to her about you?"

"Sure, Father Kevin. That would be fine." He shuffled a little. "Excuse me but..."

"Of course, J. Go get ready for your big night." Brian walked over to Kevin as J.Jay walked toward Justin.  

"Is he alright?"

"He is, now anyway. I'm going to talk to his mom. I am speaking at a charity and she is on the Board. I am thinking they might need a little assistance finding their way back to a relationship."

"That would be great, Dad. Did you learn anything from Cora?"

"The woman is fixated on Justin. It was odd when she talked about him. One minute she would be talking about Justin and how talented he is as an artist but then she would talk about him like they had known each other for years and once I could have sworn she was going to say something about their relationship. The woman is definitely not the most stable."

"Fuck, Dad, she has cameras in the shower!"

"I tried not to think about that when I was with her. Are the police going to be here at the end of the evening?"

"Yes, they are going to hit her house at 7:00 while she is here and when the doors close at 10:00, they will be here to arrest her."

"I am not sure if she needs jail or a hospital."

"Dad! Cameras in the shower! I know my husband, and he will have a moment when it fully hits him. If this ruins the rest of his summer program..."

"Son, all humans deserve..." Kevin stopped. The look on Brian's face told him, now was not the time for him to preach to his son. They would talk at a later time. Brian was protective of his family and until he knew Justin was alright, Brian would not be able to let it go. 

At 7:00 sharp, Cora unlocked the front doors and the gallery began to fill up immediately. Aaron came running full speed into Justin's arms. Photographers caught the moment as Justin swung him above his head and everyone there loved the image. They looked so much alike. Soon there were a few more pictures taken of the whole family. The one that made it on most of the news blogs was Justin holding Jessi, Brian holding Aaron, and Gus standing proudly between his dads. 

Molly and Connie soon whisked away the kids. Just as they were leaving Sally and Brandy arrived. They had left Kelin at home with a friend and walked hand in hand, looking at all the art work as well as talking to the artists. Brian noticed them looking at one of the student's paintings. It was obvious how much they liked it so he told the artist to put the sold sign on it. The young artist was thrilled to make his first big sale and Brian had his Christmas shopping started.  

When Brian was not by his side, Kevin stayed very near Justin. Cora had been working the room throughout the night but knew where Justin was at all times. As the crowd slowly started to thin out, Cora saw everyone relaxing and took that moment to pull him away. "Justin," Cora called to him, "Can you come here? One of the patrons has a question for you."

Justin didn't even think twice. Someone had a question about one of his pieces. He was always there for his fans. But, as he took the last step toward her, he knew he had made a mistake.  She had placed a crate just around the corner and using her own body weight she managed to get him off balance and before he knew what had happened he felt a prick and everything went black.

"Dad, where's Justin?" Brian looked around the gallery.

"He was just here. I just helped take this painting off the wall. He was right here literally three minutes ago."

"Sunshine," Brian called loudly, "Has anyone seen Justin?"

The only people left were the artists and their family members but everyone started moving throughout the building. Brian moved upstairs to look through the studio work area and Kevin on instinct went out the front door. 

Just as he did, three black sedans pulled up and he saw a police car turn into the alley. As the men in suits got out of their cars, Kevin ran to meet them and told them Justin and Cora had disappeared.  

One of the men radioed the officers in the squad car moving to the back that the suspect and the victim were missing. "How long has he been missing?" one of the men asked Kevin.

"It had to be less than five minutes. She's a woman in her late 50's and he is mid 20's. I am worried how she would have subdued him. Did you find anything at her home?"

The rest of the men were now in the building and more cars were pulling up. "Sir, I'm sorry, I am not sure who you are."

"Justin is my son-in-law. I'm Father Kevin Cain."

"That's why you look familiar. About 10 years ago I worked on a case that involved one of your clients. I can't give you details but Mr. Taylor is in grave danger. If we can't find him quickly..."

"Dad!" Brian ran up to Kevin and the detective as they walked in the door. "He isn't in the building. I mean, I didn't find him and now there are police everywhere and..."

Kevin put his arm around his son. "Sir, please tell us what you found at Cora's home."

"We still have officers there but before I left, it appears she has kidnapped men before. They are all young, blond, and artistic. And they are still looking at the list they found, but all of them are still missing. The list goes back 25 years."

"Are you saying she has been kidnapping men all that time?" Kevin asked.

"Dad, it means she's been killing men for 25 years." As the detective let them know they hadn't had time to truly investigate it yet, Brian collapsed to the ground, "Why the fuck are you standing here? Go find my husband!"

 

Chapter 6 by Simply written

 

Kevin led Brian to a sofa. He had totally shut down. "Daddy, is something wrong with Daddy J?" Gus ran up to him with concern on his face.

Brian picked him up. "Gus, everything will be fine. Daddy just went somewhere with the lady."

"Then why are there police here?"

Brian looked up and saw Henry and J.Jay standing nearby. "Gus, I want you to go home with Henry and J."

"But, Daddy, I want to find Daddy J." A tear trickled down Gus' cheek.

Henry walked over and picked Gus up. "Gus, your daddy will call us as soon as Justin is found, but right now, it will be best if we go home."  As Henry walked away with him Gus sobbed on his shoulder.  

One of the detectives almost stopped them but the lead nodded them on. "Let them go. We know where they are going."

Kevin stood with an arm around Jennifer who was leaning against him for support. Kevin walked her to the sofa and she sat next to Brian and he took her hand. "I am sorry, Jenn. I promised I would protect him. I was right there and then..."

"Brian it isn't your fault. It was that crazy woman." 

"We have him! The ambulance is on the way!" said a young officer as he ran in from the back door.  

Brian beat the detectives to the back door. "Ambulance, please tell me he's alive," he said as he grabbed the officer.

"He is unconscious but appears uninjured." The officer looked at the detectives now behind Brian. "We have her in the back of a car." Several of the detectives rushed out the back. Brian followed. He saw several men around a wooden box and looked around to figure out where Justin was. The ambulance came screaming down the alley and when it stopped by the officers Brian realized Justin had to be in the box. Brian was held back as he tried to get near him.

"Get the hell off me! Let me see him."

Kevin walked up behind him and put his hand on Brian's shoulder. "Son, let the paramedics do their job. I am sure you will be able to ride with him."

The next ten minutes was a flurry of activity. Soon, Justin was on a gurney and Brian was allowed to get in the back before the doors were shut and the ambulance pulled out into traffic. Kevin messaged J.Jay that Justin was on the way to the hospital and that he seemed ok.  "There is no reason to frighten Gus tonight." Kevin guided Jenn to the car so they could head to the hospital. As they pulled out of the parking lot there were about a dozen police officers moving through the gallery heading toward Cora's office.

 

By the time J.Jay and Henry got back to the house with Gus they had heard Justin was on his way to the hospital. Henry carried Gus into the house but after helping Gus into his pajamas, he said, "I don't want to stay here alone." Aaron was sleeping in Molly's so Gus would be in the room by himself.  

J.Jay softly said to Gus, "Would you like us to sleep in here with you?"

"Oh, yes, please. I'm so worried about Daddy J."  

Henry smiled at J. "I'll go get us something to sleep in."  

Soon the three of them were in bed. Gus laid between Henry and J. who each held one of Gus' hands. Gus kissed both of them on a cheek and soon he was sleeping soundly. Henry reached across Gus and touched J.Jay's cheek. "I love you, J. You knew what Gus needed and immediately made him feel better."

J.Jay caught Henry's hand and kissed it. "Good night, Henry."

 

When Kevin and Jenn arrived at the hospital, they heard Brian before they saw him. "What is going on? I need to be with him! Where is he?"

Kevin followed Brian's voice and then put his arm around his son's waist, "Brian, Jenn will find out what's going on. Let's go find a seat." Kevin led him to a bench a short distance away while Jenn spoke to the nurse. Before Kevin could calm Brian down, Jennifer walked over and sat on the other side of Brian.  

She took his hand and softly said, "He's going to be fine, Brian." 

Kevin did the sign of the cross and said, "Thank God."

Brian kissed Jennifer and hugged her tightly. "Can I see him?"

"They will come get you soon. She had sedated him."

"The woman is fucking insane. If I get near her... Dad, can you take Sunshine and Jennifer home?"

"Brian, you need to be with your family. I will go to the station. Tom will pick me up. He is already on his way."

"Ok, but let me know what you find out."

Kevin hugged his son. "Kiss Justin for me," he said as he ran out the door. 

"Mr. Taylor?" a young nurse said behind him.

Brian turned, "Yes. Can I see him?" 

"Yes, he is asking for you."

"Jenn?"

"Hug him for me. I will see him when he is ready to go home." She hugged Brian and he walked away.

The nurse left him at the door and Brian walked in. Justin looked so young laying there with his eyes closed. Brian walked to the bed and brushed a lock of hair off his forehead. Justin caught his hand and Brian bent and kissed him. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I just have a bump on my head so the doc is looking over my records to see if he needs to do more tests. I don't think I hit it very hard."

"You don't remember?"

"I remember she told me a buyer wanted to talk to me about one of the pieces. As soon as I moved toward her I knew it was a mistake. She had it set so she could use her body weight to throw me off balance and as soon as I fell into the crate she injected me with something."

"And luckily he must have just bumped his head lightly." There was a doctor standing by the door.  

"Is he alright?"

"Yes, he will be fine. The slight bump is just that. It is a bruise that has a little swelling. Just take it easy for the weekend."

"He will, doctor." Brian assured him.

"The nurse will be in with papers to sign in about fifteen minutes. Once those are signed you are free to go."

"It can't be soon enough." Brian shook the doctor's hand and then sat down and took Justin's hand in a possessive move. "Damn, I could have lost you again. You are not allowed to leave my sight."

"Well, that might be a little difficult, Brian, but I could use a kiss right now."

"I love you, Sunshine." Brian claimed his lips and they both stopped talking.

 

"Father Cain, we are setting up this room with everything we have so far." Kevin and the detective walked into a room where there was a large screen on the wall. There were pictures of three blondes that could have been Justin's brothers. As he stood there smaller pictures started filling in. As Kevin got closer he noticed each set of pictures were nearly the same. The young men were posed in similar positions, in different stages of dress."

"What are all of these? Where did they come from?"

"After you reported the illegal cameras we sent out a notification to several agencies just to see if anyone recognized the modus operandi. This was less than 48 hours ago and the FBI immediately got a hold of us early this... well, yesterday morning. These three young men disappeared in the last ten years. They were between the ages of 24 and 28."

"They all look related." As the detective said that, Justin's picture popped up next to the other three. Kevin moved closer and looked at the small pictures on the screen. "They are all dead, aren't they?"

"The FBI thinks they are. They have never been found. Cora, not her real name, used a different name everywhere she went. They aren't sure what her real name is but she is obviously very wealthy and very sick."

"And Justin was going to be her next victim."

"It appears so. If Justin and Brian hadn't found those cameras and made us aware of all this, this would be a very different story."

Kevin glanced at his phone, "Speaking of my boys, Justin is on his way home."

"Oh, that's great. She is refusing to talk."

"Has she gotten a lawyer?"

"Not yet. We aren't pushing anything because we are waiting for the FBI, but my detectives think she may have contacted a family lawyer. She may not want us to know who she really is just yet. Father Cain, why don't you go home. Please let your son know we will want to see both of them tomorrow. I will be in contact in the morning."

"Thank you, detective. If your men hadn't found Justin... I can't imagine it. And I appreciate your openness. Many people wouldn't let me be here."

"Father, your son and son-in-law brought this to us in a well thought out procedure. Because of the way they handled all this, three families might finally have answers. You are respectful of me and my men. I know you aren't going to mention this to anyone outside of your house until it hits the news. Right?"

"I will only tell the family. And now, I am going to go check on them. They should be home by now."

"We will probably wait until the FBI arrives so it won't be early." The men shook hands. "Kevin, do you need a ride home?"

"I'll call a taxi."

"No," the detective waved one of the detectives over. "Take Father Cain home," and soon Kevin was on his way.

 

Brian and Justin looked in on Gus and were happy to see he wasn't alone. Henry and J. lay on either side of him and were holding hands over top of him. They stepped back out and Justin held on to Brian for a minute. Jenn let them know that Molly had Aaron and she was bringing Jessi in with her so Brian only had to worry about Justin and Justin didn't need to worry at all.

Justin lay in Brian's arms and asked, "Do you know anything you aren't telling me?"

"I know I was scared shitless tonight. I was so sure I had lost you again." Brian pulled him closer to his chest. "I do get the feeling that the police know more." Justin didn't say anything and Brian realized he was sound asleep. He kissed the top of his head as the tears started. He could have lost him again. It would be a long time before he left his side.

 

Brian hadn't fallen asleep until the sun began to rise and with Justin still feeling the effects of the sedative he had been given, they were both still sound asleep at 10:00 a.m. There was a knock on the door and Molly opened the door. "Justin?" She walked over to the bed and sat on the edge nearest her brother.  

His eyes fluttered. "Mom said I should wake you up." Justin opened his eyes and smiled at his little sister. "Oh, Justin," it was her turn to cry and Justin pulled her close to him.

"I'm fine, Molly." Justin was whispering, not wanting to wake Brian. "She gave me something that made me sleep. I feel like I have a hangover."

"Can I get in on this love fest?" Brian's long arms went around both Justin and rested on Molly's shoulder. He kissed Justin long enough for Molly to groan.

"Young girl here!  Stop please." Molly hugged Justin once more and then kissed his cheek. She stood up and said, "Oh, ya, the police are coming to talk to you at 11:30. Connie will have food ready for you in about half an hour."

"Thanks, Mol, and Mol," Justin said, "I love you."

She ran back and hugged him. "Love you, too." And then she ran out the door.

"We need ten minutes to shower and ten minutes to dress. That means we have 10 minutes to..." Justin started rolling toward Brian.

"Let's spend 20 minutes in the shower."

"Works for me." Justin got out of bed and dropped his shorts as he walked to the bathroom.  

"Damn!" Brian said under his breath and nearly fell stepping out of his own briefs.

 

They made love in the shower and were kissing in the dressing room when there was another knock. "Connie has your brunch ready," Kevin said as he stepped into the room. He looked around and didn't see them until they stepped out of the dressing room in t-shirts and shorts.

"We are almost ready, Dad. I just need to comb my hair."

Kevin looked at Justin, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, Kevin." Justin walked over and kissed his cheek. "I just have a slight headache. Thank you for everything you did last night."

"I didn't do anything but be part of a family."

"Dad, did you learn anything else last night?"

"I'll tell you while you eat." Kevin said as they walked out of the bedroom.

"Daddy J!"  Gus rushed to Justin as he walked into the kitchen. Justin dropped to his knees and held his oldest son tightly. "I was so worried, Daddy."

"I am alright, Gus. It was a little scary but the police got the bad lady right away and I am just fine."

"I'm so glad. Henry and J said you were safe."

"I am and it looked like they were taking good care of you, too."

"Oh, they did. Henry was on this side," he patted his right shoulder, "And J. was on this side," he patted his left side, "and they held my hands."

Justin kissed both of Gus' cheeks before standing up. "Why don't you go outside and see if Henry needs your help with Jessi and Aaron."

"Ok, Daddy. I love you." Gus ran toward the door.

"I love you, too, Gus."

Once Brian and Justin had a cup of coffee and a plate of food, Kevin told them everything he knew. Brian had heard a few things the night before and had told Justin what he knew but now they both forgot to eat and sat in shock as they learned Justin wasn't the first one. "So they think she killed three others?"

"Yes, and they look like your brothers. They were all blonde and had blue eyes." As Kevin finished the sentence the doorbell rang. "You two finish eating and we'll be in the living room when you're ready."

"I'll bring coffee in, Kevin." Connie called after him.

Five minutes later Brian and Justin walked into the living room carrying a tray and a pot of coffee. There were some danish along with cups on the tray and Kevin poured coffee for the two men and told them to help themselves to the pastry.  

One of the men was the detective from the night before while the other introduced himself as an agent for the FBI. "I am so glad to meet you, Mr. Taylor. I have been on this case for nearly ten years and this is the first time I am able to talk to one of her victims. The woman you know as Cora Cumberland has also been known as Candice Carey, Christine Connor, and Casandra Clemmons."

"Do you know who she really is?"

"We are waiting for confirmation but we believe her real name is Corine Cunningham. Mr. Taylor, as an artist, have you ever heard of Charles Cunningham?"

"Oh, ya, he was from northern Canada, wasn't he? He did a lot of stunning nature pictures.  Didn't he disappear out in the wild somewhere?"

"You have a good memory. He and the young man were found about six months later after the spring thaw. Besides being an artist, he had several galleries in Canada and in Washington State. Corine was in her early twenties when her father, along with her fiance, went into the wilderness and never came back."

"Let me guess, her fiance looked like my husband." Brian pulled Justin closer.

"You got it. Cunningham went into a hospital for several years and when she entered society again, she took over a gallery in Seattle. We don't know everything yet, but most of it has fallen into place. She appeared to do well for several years until she met her first victim. She snapped.  She hasn't started talking yet. Her lawyer has arrived and he has told her not to talk just yet."

The detective spoke now. "We found hundreds of pictures of you, mostly from your office and private bathroom. We found pictures of her with her fiance and she recreated the pictures with the men she met."

The agent took over, "Our criminologist's theory is that since the fiance died, they had to die too."

"Did she keep them until spring?" Justin asked. "That would have been eight months from now."

"We aren't sure since none of them have been located, but our experts think she probably kept them for six months. That is the amount of time he was missing."

The men talked for a little while longer before they all stood and Kevin walked the law men to the door.

Connie walked up to Brian and Justin, "There was a phone call while you were with the detectives. Justin, it was someone from the gallery."

"What did they want?" Brian asked.

"He wouldn't tell me. All he would say was he could only talk to one of you since the two of you are on the contract."

Brian kissed Justin, "I'll return the call. You go relax by the pool with the kids. I'll be out as soon as I make this call." Brian moved toward the office and Justin changed into his swim trunks and went outside where J.Jay and Henry were with the kids. Both Aaron and Jessi wanted their daddy so he sat with one on each knee.  

"Justin, I was going to go to the gallery and move everything to the new space but the police still had the place locked down. And then we got an email on our program email that said we couldn't move into the new space. I am so sorry, Justin. I didn't even know where to start to look for a new place."

"J., you have done more than enough. Brian is returning a call to the gallery right now. He might have some answers for us. I never really got to talk to you last night about your mom's visit.  How did that go?"

"I don't know." J.Jay said, but didn't say anything more, and when Justin looked at Henry, he shook his head slightly so he didn't ask anymore.  

"Swim, Daddy," Aaron said. 

"Sure, son." The three men went in the cool pool water to play with the children.

 

Brian called the number at the gallery and a man picked up on the third ring. "Oh, Mr. Kinney, thanks for calling me back. I know you signed an agreement with Cora... or whatever her name really is. You can imagine we are all still trying to figure this all out, but I wanted to speak with you, hoping Mr. Taylor will leave his art program here for the remainder of the summer. I was notified first thing this morning by the Cunningham Group, who actually own the gallery, I guess.  I don't understand it all and they plan to contact you but right now all I know is they would like you to stay with full permission to run the place the remainder of your lease."

"Oh, ok, well I will need to talk to Justin. I wouldn't blame him if he never wanted to step foot in there again, but it is his program so it is up to him."

The call ended and Brian changed into his trunks. He watched his family for a few minutes and felt waves of emotion. Everything that mattered in his world would be in that backyard soon. His dad and ‘sisters' would be here and Molly and Jenn were still there until tomorrow. He really was thinking about cutting back at work. He could work when the kids were grown and out of the house. This was all that was important now. He opened the door and yelled, "Make room for Daddy!" He rushed out and splashed into the pool.

As the day went on, Kevin returned from a visit to the precinct. Sally, Brandy, and Kelin also arrived. Tom and Nat were also going to be arriving soon. With Henry and J.Jay already there, along with Connie, the pool area was full of activity.

With the kids well cared for, Brian, Justin, and Kevin went to the back corner so they wouldn't be overheard. "What have the police found out?" Brian asked, putting his hand high on Justin's thigh.

Kevin saw the possessive move and understood Brian's concern. "They really don't know much yet. The lawyer isn't allowing her to speak. They do believe he is working to get the answers, but there is a lot to work out. We are talking about a serial murder. They are tracking her movements over the last ten years and the galleries she worked in."

"Speaking of galleries, Bri, what did you find out on the phone call?"

"They want you to stay for the summer. They are cutting back on your contract and the only thing we have to pay them is the cut you agreed on for sales. They also are wondering if we are interested in buying the business. Cora, or whatever the fuck her name is, didn't actually own the place. She was talking to them about the purchase but she just leased the space for the summer," Brian said.

"The police think she has been tracking you for at least a year. She probably knew you were planning on coming here for the summer and jumped at having a place for you to hold your school." Kevin smiled at Justin, "If you hadn't been wary, and Connie hadn't known someone who could check the facility, this could have ended so differently. Oh, and the fact, son, that you reported it. The FBI were getting close, but they had only two leads, this one and one in California. Next week they planned to split, a couple agents were going west and some coming here."

"Do we need to go to the station?" Justin asked.

"They would like you there Monday morning but unless they contact us, they said to enjoy your Mom and sister before they leave tomorrow," Kevin replied.

"Speaking of my family, I am going to go let her know I'm safe." Justin kissed Brian who pulled him back and deepened the kiss for a few moments. 

After Justin had walked away, Kevin reached for Brian's hand, "Brian, you do know the threat is past, right?"

"I do, but it was horrible when I thought he had died before, but now we have a family. I could never do it without him."

"You could do it but I know what you mean. You wouldn't want to. He is your heart, and the kids are a part of both of you, but you are both intelligent and observant. Neither of you are going anywhere."

"Dad, I think I am going to quit working."

"Retire? Before you are 40?"

"I would remain the President of the Board, but I would move Ted up to my position. I want to know what is going on but I don't want to make the day to day decisions. I haven't mentioned it to Justin yet, but in the past we had dreamed of traveling the world. This is the perfect time to do this."

"Go for it, Brian. You can afford it. Enjoy your life."

"Thanks, Dad. I just needed your support. Please don't say anything just yet."

"I won't say a word until you announce it."

Brandy and Sally told everyone about the beautiful trip they had taken. They had to leave out a majority of their activities but just the time on the beach and the views from the room had drawn them closer. Sal also let everyone know she had found a therapist and was already feeling better. The evidence was in her reaction as she held Kelin. She cooed and snuggled her daughter as she fed her a bottle.

Brian had asked Connie to order dinner so she didn't have to cook for all of them. She ordered a seafood feast of cold shrimp and lobster rolls along with salads and fruit. Natalia had brought over several desserts so there was a feast for everyone. As everyone began to eat, Kevin sat down with J.Jay and Henry. "Do you mind if I join you?"

"Of course not, Kevin," Henry responded, moving his bottle of beer closer to his plate.

He sat down and commented, "Doesn't this look amazing?"

"It is so good." J. said, popping a shrimp into his mouth. Once he had swallowed it he said, "When I was young we would go to an all you can eat buffet and sometimes that is all I would eat. "But I couldn't afford it until I started working at Britin."

"I knew you liked it, but I didn't realize how much you liked it." Henry squeezed his hand. "I'll remember that."

"I wanted to let you know, I contacted your mom this morning. I didn't tell her of my connection with you because I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. We are meeting for lunch midweek to talk about our meeting on Friday. We will talk about the Board but, I will talk about my family and then hope she will talk about you."

"I don't think she will talk about me. My dad has almost forbidden her to talk about me."

"Well, the fact that I am a priest and have a connection with Legacy, I think she will open up. I hope so anyway."

"Thank you, Father Kevin."

"Is there anything out of bounds?"

"Please don't say anything about Henry."

"Of course not. Henry is your best friend but I would never say anything more." 

 

The evening wound down. Sally and Brandy took a tired Kelin home after Kevin had lots of snuggle time with her. Natalia and Tom had left early because Nat had a big order to get out on Sunday. "Tom said he would come and help so I can get them out by early afternoon."

"And what can Tom help with?" Brian smirked at Tom.

"I usually end up carrying the decorated trays to one counter and then bring the undecorated to my talented wife."

"Oh, J.Jay," Nat called out as they walked to the gate, "Can you do lunch this week?"

"I think any day will work. We don't have students this week and we aren't moving."

"I'll text tomorrow."

After the kids were in bed, Henry and J.Jay had the monitors and Molly was packing her suitcases. Jennifer, Brian, and Justin sat by the pool. "Mom, I am so glad you came. I am sorry you had to go through the stress though."

"I am glad I was here, too. I had to get my grandma fix. I love them so much. But now, I need to go to sleep. The flight is early in the morning." Jenn kissed both Brian and Justin. "You two better get some sleep, too."

"We'll be going up in a few minutes," Justin said as Jenn walked into the house. "Brian, why were you so quiet tonight?"

"Was I quiet?" Brian crooked a finger at Justin and he walked over and laid down on the chaise lounge next to him. He pulled him close. "You aren't still worried about someone sneaking over the fence to get me."

"Well, I will always worry about you." Brian kissed him as his hand trailed down Justin's back and rested on his firm ass. I want to travel the world. Let's hire a tutor and start planning a trip."

"Brian, you have work."

"Nothing that I can't turn over to someone else. It is time for me to follow your work. Maybe we can get a villa in Italy or maybe you would prefer Greece. Then maybe we could go to Asia or Australia." He continued to stroke Justin's ass as they laid side by side.

"Brian, are you serious?" Do you really think we could do that?"

"Why not? Henry and J.Jay will come along I hope. So we just need to hire a tutor and we will make sure the places we stay have a cook and a housekeeper."

"That sounds so amazing." Justin was getting excited in more ways than one. "I love the idea, but I am having a hard time concentrating on the conversation right now." Justin began to undo Brian's fly and slid his hand in. Brian was erect and Justin brought out his cock and began to gently run his finger over the tip, causing Brian to take in a sharp breath.  

Justin stood up and dropped his shorts to the ground. He moved to straddle Brian as Brian adjusted the chair so he was reclining a bit further giving Justin room to lower himself onto his lap. As Justin began to move up and down slowly, Brian thrust up to meet him. Brian grabbed his hips and held him still as he thrust up faster and faster until he shouted out. Justin arched and came himself.

Moments later they were in the pool rinsing themselves off. Justin had his arms wrapped around Brian and softly said, "Ireland."

"Ireland?"

"I want our first stop to be Ireland. I want to paint a couple castles, maybe find some of your ancestors, and kiss the Blarney Stone."

"Ireland it is! Now, we need to get some sleep before it is time to go to the airport." They wrapped towels around their hips as they strode into the house hand in hand.

 

Chapter 7 by Simply written

 

The house seemed very quiet without Molly and Jenn. By the end of the week James and Emmett would arrive with Amelia. While they were here Brian would discuss their world travels and see if James and Emmett wanted to move into Britin. Brian and Justin both agreed that someone needed to stay in the main house and they also thought James and Em might want to stay in their own place. They had fixed it up to be a real home. Ronni and Dante were already spending part of their time at one of Dante's other houses, so they would ask Charly and Connor to move there. They had always known that the old barn was temporary. When Brian and Justin did return after their travels, Justin would run his Art Academy out of the barn.  

Justin and J.Jay had spent a lot of time at the gallery. Part of the time Henry would come with the kids, too. With Justin now being in charge of the gallery, no one could stop them from having the kids around. Brian also took over one of the offices so he could be with his family. By noon, Brian, Henry, and the kids would head back to the house where Connie would have lunch ready.  Once the little ones were down, Brian and Gus would do something, just the two of them. Justin would try to be home by the end of naptime. It all moved smoothly.

 

On Wednesday, Kevin met Camilla at a local restaurant where many business people met for meetings. Kevin wanted to make sure no one could question anything that was going on.  Reverend Carter would accept this as appropriate. They ordered their beverage and when the server dropped off the drinks they ordered their lunch. "Mrs. Carter, thank you so much for joining me for lunch."

"It is my pleasure, Father Cain, but I am a little curious. I think Friday's Board meeting is going to be pretty uneventful. We have already voted on everything, it is now just the formality."

"You are right, but, while I'm here this summer, my son and I are setting up a new nonprofit, and I saw you mention wanting a new project now that your kids are more independent."  

"You are observant. What is your new project?"

"You know Legacy helps young people who are struggling with their sexual identity." He saw her stiffen a bit. "My son happens to be gay, and my daughters, well, they are like daughters, just had a beautiful little girl."

"Yes, I did know that." They both stopped when the server dropped off their dishes. "You are known for so many programs." Camilla took a bite of her salad. Kevin didn't pick up the conversation. He just kept eating his own meal. He could almost hear Camilla's voice in her head. Finally she blurted, "My daughter, I mean son, no, our child, is a transexual. Joanna Jane was always a tomboy. I know she prefers to be called he. I am trying, but William just doesn't understand. You know him don't you?"

"I do. J.Jay is a great young man and very talented. I saw you at the gallery the other day."

"That reminds me, is Mr. Taylor alright?"

"He is. That was a crazy night and they are still tracking the whole story. We are very blessed to have him. And he feels very blessed to have your son working with him."

"I miss him. Whether male or female, she will always... he will always be my child, and I will always miss him."

"But his father?"

"He says God created Joanna and he doesn't make mistakes. I try to tell him that God also teaches us things through others and maybe J. was sent here to help others understand themselves."

"That is a great way to put it. J.Jay misses his family, too."

"Please tell me he has a group of friends."

"He is part of our family now. Our manny, Henry, and J. are the best of friends. J. loves to help with the kids. He is a very loving young man."

A tear ran down Camilla's cheek, "I am so glad. I don't think my husband would be happy if I was on the board at Legacy. He doesn't want to draw attention to the fact that our daughter is no longer our daughter."

"Well, my newest project is in the earliest stages, but I have gotten funding. We haven't settled on a name yet but we have been communicating with a woman who worked in the sex industry and now has been helping women get schooling and find out another way to make a better life for themselves. Some women may want to stay in their line of work but they may still need guidance with money or help with children. I think it will focus on the younger women who don't want that kind of life, but don't feel like they have options."

"Father Cain..."

"Kevin, please."

 "Kevin, that sounds like a very worthy project. I am not fond of women staying in the business but..."

"I wouldn't expect you to work in that area. I know you are well educated and have the skills and connections to set this up. I don't expect an answer today, or even Friday, but after talking about it with your husband and, and if you are interested, I would like to introduce you to Connie."

"Kevin, I will talk to my husband and I will pray about this. You have given me a lot to think about." Kevin put money on the table for their meals and they stood. As they walked toward their cars she said, "Please tell J... say hi. Why does this have to be so hard?" Kevin opened Camilla's car door for her and soon she was in and started her car. She opened her window. "Tell him I love him. I always have and I always will." With that, the window went up and she pulled away.

As Kevin walked to his car he said a little prayer that Camilla could get through to her husband.  It was obvious she loved her son and her husband. Kevin wished he had a solution. He couldn't imagine a loving father who would just stop loving his child. He would love to tear him down, but he knew that wasn't what J.Jay would want so he would restrain himself. But if William Charles Carter hurt J.Jay...  J. was part of his family now and he would protect him to the very end.

Kevin decided to stop at the police station before returning home. He walked in and the lead detective saw him immediately. "Wow, you have great timing. In fact if your phone rings..." 

Kevin jumped as his phone buzzed in his pocket. "Hey, Brian."

"Dad, can you stop by the..."

"Station?" Kevin finished.

"Ya, how'd you know?"

"I just stopped by since I was in the neighborhood."

"Great, they have some information for us, but we just put the kids down and we gave Henry and J.Jay the afternoon off."

"It was all good timing. I will come over when I am done here."

The detective had moved to a conference room and Kevin went to join him. The FBI agent followed him in and shut the door. "You arrived quickly." The agent said as he shook Kevin's hand.

"Just good timing. I understand you have some information?"

"I wish I could say we had all the answers, but we will never know everything. Ms. Cunningham's lawyer and family have been working with us. They had no idea how sick she was. She has told her lawyer that those men were sent to her when she missed her fiance the most. We know she stalked the men. Not necessarily in person, but via the internet. She would spend months in a retreat somewhere and now they know she would start her research there.  She would zone in on someone. Once she was ready, she would go back into society and manage to work her way into the gallery the young man was working at. Sometimes it took her a couple years to work her way near them."

"Has she admitted to killing them?"

"No, not yet. It appears that once she managed to get them, she would take them to one of the family's many cabins. As you know, her father was an outdoorsman so she had places to hide them."

"How long did she keep them?" Kevin was fascinated now.

"We can't be sure yet, but following her work history and travels, it appears that her first victim lived at least a year. He was a young struggling artist. His family told us he may have just gone along with it. He was estranged from his family and although he had talent he didn't have the right drive. He may have looked at it as a free place to live and free food, but when he got tired of it, she disposed of him. They are checking her properties in the northwest U.S. and southwest Canada. We have agents talking to the other families."

The detective took over, "Justin was not her normal target. The other young men were single.  They didn't have steady jobs or anyone they spent time with regularly. From what we have read in her journal on her home computer, she wanted us to think her mental state had deteriorated enough that she was sure Justin really loved her."

"Do you seriously believe that?" Kevin retorted, getting up to look more closely at the pictures.  Do you really think she would have put up all those cameras if she really thought he loved her?  Think about it, that took a lot of thought. Clear thought."

"I agree, but that is what her lawyer wants us to believe. It is obvious she isn't stable, but she is not insane," the agent said. "I know we haven't given you any real answers, but we wanted to keep you in the loop."

"Thanks. I better get moving so I can tell Brian and Justin what you just told me. Do you think there will be a trial?"

"In cases like this, if their money can't buy them out of trouble, they usually take their chances at trial."

"How important is Justin's testimony?"

"Since he is the only living victim I would say it is very important, why?"

"Justin and Brian have a custody issue with their middle son, and if there are any negative reports, trying to blame them, they will use it against them."

"What kind of asshole is trying to take their son away?"

"The man who fathered both Justin and Aaron." With that, Kevin walked out of the conference room and left the building to tell Brian and Justin what was going on.

 

Kevin arrived at the house and had just enough time to tell Brian and Justin what he learned at the station. "She's batshit crazy, but not insane," Brian said after hearing the details.  

"What if I won't go to court? What if I don't press charges?" Justin circled the kitchen island as he spoke. I'll refuse to testify."

Brian walked up behind him and pulled him back against his chest, kissing him below his ear. "You know you will testify. At least three families have been waiting years to find their sons."

"But we could lose our son if Dad gets wind of it, and I am sure he will. Brian, can you get the trip to Ireland lined up so we can get out of here if we need to?" Justin turned and laid his head on Brian's chest. Gus came from his room in his swim trunks at that moment and Kevin took his grandson outside so he could play in the pool.

"I will have everything ready. I hope we can go to Britin before we leave, but you know I will do anything I can for our family." Brian tilted Justin's head up and kissed his lips. "I don't expect this to go wrong. I think both the police and now the FBI have our backs."

"You're right," Justin smiled at him. "But you know he is always going to try to fuck up our happiness and he will never manage it. We will always be a family and I will always want to make love to you." Brian's mouth came down on Justin's and his tongue slipped in while Justin's moved to meet it. 

As Justin fumbled at Brian's fly they both stopped. "Hey, Daddy!" Aaron's voice called from his bedroom. "Come get me, Daddy!"

Justin dropped his head on Brian's chest. "Fuck," he said under his breath.

"Not now, Sunshine. Our child calls." Brian stepped away and fixed his fly. "Don't forget where we were."

He adjusted his crotch, "I don't think that would be possible."

 

It was after 10:00 by the time Brian and Justin could continue where they left off. They undressed, and without a word, stripped and met on the bed. They faced each other on their knees and began to touch and taste each other as their skin became heated and their souls caught fire. They became a pile of arms and legs entwining over and over as they tried to feel even closer. By the time Justin lay on his back and Brian put one of Justin's legs on his shoulder, every nerve cried out for release. And then they found the place that only the two of them existed, and they cried out simultaneously as they hit the peak and tumbled back to reality together.

"Damn," Justin whispered as he laid on his back. "I don't know if it has ever been that ..."

"I know what you mean. When I don't think it can get better..." Brian reached and linked his hand with Justin's. "Why Ireland? Of all the places in the world, you pick that small country."

"It's where your ancestors came from. I know Aaron and Jessi are going to be too young to remember a lot of it, but Gus will. And Gus is the one that has blood ties to that country."

"We could go there when the kids are bigger."

"Bri, I wasn't lying about learning about your heritage, but have you seen the castles, the scenery, the beauty, and if there are more men like you..."

Brian flipped so he was on top of Justin, "Sunshine, don't even...'

"I love you, Brian Kinney." Justin winked at him.

"I love you, too." Brian rolled off him but pulled him close as he moved.  

 

Justin had a new group of students that came in. This time there were three young artists keeping J.Jay and Justin very busy. All the students were extremely talented and they worked well together. Brian, Henry, and the kids enjoyed spending time in the big building and Gus even came up and worked on some art himself. This group of students included him in conversation often. Sometimes Gus even stayed in the afternoon to keep painting or playing with clay. One afternoon a couple days before the second exhibit, Gus walked into Justin's office and climbed up on his lap.

"Hey Gus," Justin hugged him tight and kissed his cheek, "is something wrong?"

"Not really. I just thought about that mean lady who tried to take you from me." He turned and wrapped his arms around Justin's neck. "I was scared."

"You know we're safe now, right?"

"Ya, I know the police saved you." He settled back on Justin's lap. "I feel sorry for Sonya."

"Why, Gus?"

"I was talkin' to her and her daddy got sick and died."

"Oh, that is sad." Justin said, holding Gus tight.

"And I don't know if she has a house to go home to."

Justin tried to remember her back story. They allowed her to come this week instead of with the first group because of a death in the family. He would have to talk to J. and get the whole story. "I'll find out, Gus. Are you ready to go home for the day?"

"I am, Daddy J." Justin and J. wrapped up for the day, and by the time they walked to the car, J. carried a sleepy Gus.

As J.Jay drove, Justin asked him, "What is Sonya's story? Did her father just pass away?"

"Ya, I didn't know it was her dad when we switched her to this week."

"Gus said something about having no home to go to."

"I'm not sure exactly. She is actually from Pittsburgh. Let me check into it a little bit. I'll see who knows what and have some answers tomorrow."

"What else do you know about her?"  

"She just completed her art degree and hopes to eventually go to grad school at night and teach during the day."

"Let me know what you find out. If we can help in some way we will. She is very talented. I would enjoy working with her. What would you think of adding her to our team, if we find out she needs it?"

"She is good and I like her." J.Jay pulled into the garage. "Would you like me to carry in Gus?"

"No, I got him. You go do the research." Justin lifted Gus out of the back and J. opened the house door for him. As they stepped into the house Gus' little body began to shake a little.

"Are you getting a free ride, Gus?"  

Gus started giggling, "I love you, Daddy."

"I love you, too, Gus!" Justin squeezed him a little bit too hard and set him down before he could struggle.

J.Jay walked in behind him and he immediately saw Henry, holding Jessi, and smiled slightly. He walked over and putting his hand behind Henry's head, kissed him. He had started showing his love for Henry in the house the last couple weeks. Everyone, especially Henry, was so excited J.'s reserve had fallen away among friends. "I have a little work." Was all J.Jay said to Henry before walking toward their room.

"Daddy!" Gus ran to Brian and hugged his waist. Brian picked him up to kiss him and then set him back down. 

"Did you have a fun afternoon with Daddy J?"

"Most of the day I was with Sonya. I like her! She is so nice but did you know she doesn't have a house to live in? I'm worried about her. Can we go swimming?" Gus skipped from one thing to another.

"Sure, Gus." Connie said from the kitchen. "Come here and I will help find your suit." She offered her hand and asked Gus, "Tell me what you made today."

Brian walked over to Justin and kissed him. "What was Gus talking about?"

"J. is checking into it for me. She was supposed to be here with the first group of students but her father had just passed away. Now, according to Gus, she doesn't have a home at all. That's what J. is checking out right now."

"I know that mind of yours. What are you thinking?"

"I'm not really sure. It will depend on what J. finds out. If she is really homeless, I want to help her out. Maybe she could live in the loft. She is so talented and I know lots of artists struggle but I can't leave her homeless."

Brian pulled him close. "Of course you can't. Oh, by the way, I ordered passports for the kids.  We should have them by September. I also want you to check out a couple places. I was looking at Ireland and places to stay."

Justin picked up Jessi who had crawled over to them. "Let's go take a quick look before we go to the pool."

After looking at a few places Brian had located, they inquired about two of them and then headed out to the pool to spend an hour with the kids before dinner.

"Hey, no hello for Grandpa?" Kevin had appeared on the pool deck. 

"Papa!" Aaron ran over to him and Kevin lifted him high in the air. "You surprised me."

"I did surprise you. I was hoping to get a home cooked meal made by Connie."

"Connie always makes enough for more people." Justin commented as he brought Jessi over to Kevin so she could give him a kiss. "You know you're always welcome. We are always glad to see you, but I get the feeling there is a reason you came out here."

"I really was looking for a free meal but I'm also looking for J.Jay. Camilla is hoping to spend a little time with him. Is he around?"

"He ran to the store with Henry. Connie needed a couple things. They should be back soon." Brian looked at his father, "Has Camilla agreed to be the face of the new foundation?"

"She will. I want her to meet Connie so I am hoping J. will agree to her coming out here to meet her and then that she could spend some time with her son."

"Well, if he doesn't want to he can make sure he is gone for the evening. The next couple days he will be at the gallery but, maybe..."

"Invite her on Sunday. The art show is Saturday so everyone will be here on Sunday for lunch.  He will feel more comfortable with all his friends around and I think it will be good for her to see us as a family," Justin said frankly. "I know she is torn between her husband and child. I would never want to need to make a choice. I can't do without any of them." Justin kissed Brian.

"That's a good idea, as long as J.Jay agrees." Kevin draped an arm over Justin's shoulder.

"Papa, play!" Aaron tugged on Kevin's shorts. Kevin followed him to the edge of the pool and sat on the top step so he could stay mostly dry and Aaron could still play in the water on the steps.

Half an hour later the kids were all in summer pajamas and everyone was sitting around the table eating dinner. Kevin thought this was as good a time as any. "J. I've been talking to your mother. I think she is going to agree to head the foundation with Connie."

"Oh," he said softly. "She is a very caring person. I think she will be good at that."

Kevin continued, "J.Jay, she wants to visit you. "What would you say to her coming here on Sunday?"

"Don't think she'll come on a Sunday. Dad always said that Sunday was family time."

"Well, we will invite her and hopefully she will make it." Kevin smiled at the young man and Henry pulled him a little closer.

"J., want to help me put the kids to bed?" Henry asked.

"I have a better idea." Justin smiled at Henry. "Why don't you and J.Jay take a drive, take a little time for each other, and let us put the kids to bed?"

"But I am supposed to work until the kids are down," Henry said.  

"You are constantly helping us out just because you are here. Go," Brian said.

Ten minutes later J. was behind the wheel of the sports car Brian had just rented and Henry was in the passenger seat. "Where are we going?" Henry asked.

"Do you mind if we go back to my neighborhood?" J. said softly. "I.."

"I would love to see where you grew up." Henry reached over and put his hand on J.Jay's shoulder. "How are you feeling about your mom coming to the house?" J. shrugged and drove in silence for several minutes. Henry noticed the homes in the neighborhood were gradually getting grander. J.Jay slowed down and pulled into a parking spot in front of a park. He didn't say a word but stopped the car and got out. Henry followed suit, and as J. got to the passenger side he reached for his hand. They walked toward a bench and sat down. 

"It's the one with the big white pillars." He pointed at the second house down on the other side of the road. "We moved there when I was about seven. I spent a lot of hours in this park."

"I bet you did. That house is amazing. I can't imagine growing up in a place like that. I grew up in a house not much bigger than the front porch of that place, although we did have walls." He smiled at J. and leaned over and kissed him.

"Y'all better be careful," a twenty something woman stopped and said. "I'm all for loving whoever you love, but do you know who lives in that house? It's where that preacher that thinks you can pray away the gay lives."

"Hi, Rachel," J.Jay stood and looked the woman in the eye. 

"Joanna Jane? Is that you?"

"It's J.Jay now, and this is Henry." The woman he had called Rachel threw her arms around him.

"Where have you been? I came to your house to swim and your mom said you had gone to France. Did you really? Or, did your dad send you someplace?"

"They did send me to France. They thought if I could paint I would remember who I truly was.  Instead of remembering who I was I discovered who I am. I came back six months later. I was only here a couple months before I moved to Pittsburgh for work." J. turned toward Henry, who had a smile on his face. "Henry, Rachel was my best friend growing up. She knew who I really was before I did, I think."

"Henry," Rachel said and turned to J., "He's cute!"

Henry blushed a little. "Thanks, Rachel. J. was just showing me where he grew up."

"Do you both have time to get a cup of coffee somewhere? There's this cool little Diner run by a couple women about two miles..."

"Do you mean Brandy and Sally's?"

"Ya, you know it?"

"Do you have a ride there?" Henry asked.

"Ya, my car is just around the corner. I'll meet you there."

Ten minutes later the three friends, new and old, walked into the diner. "Henry! J.Jay!" Sally came over and kissed each of them on the cheek. "And Rachel? You all know each other?"

"Can we sit?" J. asked.

"Oh, sure, cutie." Sally led them to a back booth. "Is this good?"

"Perfect, Sal." Henry smiled as he sat next to J. She took their coffee order and left them alone.

"Why didn't you let me know you were back?" Rachel asked.

"I try not to connect with people from Joanna's life."

"I am sure your dad hasn't welcomed you back." Rachel commented.

Henry smiled at Rachel, "No, but his mom has made some effort." 

"You've seen Camilla?"

"I have a couple of times." J. said as Sally put the coffee on the table. 

Brandy walked up and handed Kelin to Sal. "Sal, can you take care of her for a few minutes, I..." Brandy looked at all the customers Sal was dealing with while the other server was on a break. Henry stood and took Kelin from Brandy and sat back down.

"I have her."

"Thanks, Henry! What can I get the three of you?" Sally took their orders and walked away.

"It's obvious you know Sally and Brandy, and who is this beautiful little lady?" Rachel reached across the table and touched Kelin's cheek. 

"Sally and Brandy are our employer's family. And this is their daughter Kelin. I am a manny for our employers."

"And what do you do, J.?"

"I work for Justin Taylor, the artist. He is running an art project this summer. We have a show tomorrow at the gallery." He told her where it was located. "If you want to come."

"Isn't that where... that's right, it was Mr.Taylor who was kidnapped a couple weeks ago. Were you there when it happened?"

"I was, but we took the kids home before they found him." J.Jay replied as Sally brought the food they ordered.

"I can take Kel now. She is ready for bed and so am I!"

"You can leave the check..." Henry started to say.

"Are you kidding me? You just took care of my daughter, and besides that you're family." Sally kissed Kelin, "Let's go home, sweetie. Mama will be there soon." 

"You mentioned you have seen your mom." Rachel commented.

"I have. She came to the last show and I talked to her on the phone a few times. Father Kevin has invited her to our place on Sunday."

"Camilla is a good woman. I'm not saying your dad is bad, but he just... well he still just doesn't understand." Rachel smiled at J. "I am so glad I ran into you." They exchanged phone numbers and then she said, "I have to go, but I hope we can see each other again. And, J.? Keep him.  He's great." She winked at Henry.

"I don't plan to let him go anywhere." J.Jay said as Henry held his hand.

The small group split and Henry and J.Jay drove home, in no hurry to have more people around them. When they arrived, they held hands as they walked into the house and then up to their room.

"Henry, you know I love you, right?" J.Jay had never said that before.

"You never said it but I kind of hoped..."

J.Jay kissed him hard. "I love you, and that's what makes this so hard."

"What is it, J?"  

"When my mom comes, I am just not ready for her to know that I am in a relationship. I'm not ashamed of you but..."

"J., I don't give a damn if she knows about us. I'd love to meet her as your best friend. I hope I am."

"Of course you are, and so much more." J. pushed Henry back on the bed and then tugged off his shirt. Henry gently pulled him onto the bed next to him. J.Jay still rarely felt comfortable for Henry to see him naked because he couldn't feel comfortable around his own body. Henry reached for his shirt and when J. didn't back off, Henry pulled off the shirt and then very slowly undid the binding over his breasts. Henry's eyes never left J.Jay's face, and as soon as he was free of the binding they both slipped under the sheets in the bed. Moment's later they both wiggled under the blankets and tossed the shorts they had been wearing off to the side.

"I love you, J.Jay. I don't care what parts you have or don't have. You are perfect just as you are." Henry's mouth dipped below the sheet but J. no longer cared. He wanted to be loved and he wanted it now.

 

Chapter 8 by Simply written

 

Henry and J.Jay both felt like something special had happened last night. J. would never be a person who was openly affectionate in public, but at least at home, J. had lost his inhibitions. Justin and Brian smiled as they watched him rest his hand on Henry's ass. "I'm glad J. is finally feeling more comfortable," Justin said. "Are we ready to go pick up Em and James?"

"I am. Don't tell him this," Brian said in a stage whisper, "I miss Em. Well, I miss James, too, but there was a time when I would have rather..."

"Spend more time with your mother than him." Justin kissed Brian's cheek. "If you two can keep your hands off each other for a couple hours, we are going to the airport. When I get back, J., we will go to the gallery and get it ready for tonight. Maybe Em will come with us. He always has some good design ideas."

Brian and Justin both kissed Jessi, who was the only child up yet. "Thanks. We would take her with us but we won't have room for two car seats. James and Em will have Amelia's seat.

"We got this," Connie said as she cleaned up the breakfast dishes and set aside food for the boys when they woke.  

As Brian and Justin walked out the door they heard Aaron's voice, "Hey, I awake."

"On my way." They heard Henry call as they shut the door.

"Have you thought more about the trip to Ireland?" Brian asked.

"I am thinking that Charly and Connor can stay in the barn. Henry and J.Jay can stay in the main house. I know they want to stay together, so now we need to get a nanny and a tutor. At least the houses we've looked at have staff." Justin reached for Brian's hand as he pulled out on the freeway.

"Unless we take Henry and J. with us." Brian said.

"I think it is best for them to stay in the states, at least while we are in Ireland. They could do with some time alone."

"You're right. We'll have to make some calls, unless you know someone that might like to go.  Can you think of anyone that might like to come with us?"

"You know, I need to get a background check, but Sonya, the artist I was telling you about, really doesn't seem to have a place to go when she leaves here. I already told her she could stay through the next group of classes. She has an education degree and Gus already likes her so much."

"So, that is one down, if her check comes back clean. Now we just need to find a nanny."

"She will help out with the other kids, too, but I do think we need one more." Justin's phone rang.  "It's Em!"

"Hey, sweetie!  We just landed."

"We should be there about the time you claim your luggage. How did Amelia do on the flight?"

"She was a perfect angel, and she is now sleeping in her daddy's arms. Better go. See you in a few minutes."

"They have landed."

"Great, we're five minutes out. We'll have to ask them if they know anyone who might like to come to Ireland with us."

As Brian pulled up to the terminal Em appeared, carrying Amelia, while James followed pushing a luggage cart. Brian got out and helped put the bags in the back while Justin got out and took Amelia from Emmett after giving him a hug. "She has grown so much in the last month."

"I bet Jessi has gotten bigger, too."

"She has, I'm glad you are here to help celebrate her birthday." Justin commented as he went over and hugged James. "Why don't you sit up front with Brian. I have a couple things to talk to Em about."

"I love it when you have something to talk to me about because it usually means you have something fun for me to do."

By the time they arrived at the house, they had caught up on what was going on at Britin and almost immediately J., Justin, and Em, along with Gus, left for the gallery. Gus hated having to make a decision whether to stay home with Amelia or go along, but when James assured him she would be going down for a nap very soon, he chose to go along.

"Justin, I got the security report from Connor on Sonya and she passed with flying colors." J.Jay drove up to the gallery.

"That's great. Don't say anything just yet. We'll ask her at the pool party Sunday.

"Daddy, what are you talking about?" Gus asked.

"I can't tell you at the moment, but I promise I will tell you before the end of the weekend."

"Ok, Daddy J. but I will remind you!" Gus said.

"Em, can you think of anyone that we could take to Ireland as a nanny?"

"I have missed you, sweetie," Em said, reaching from the back seat and placing his hand on Justin's shoulder.  

Justin smiled back at him and told him what Brian had said. "When we met the first time, who knew that Brian's best friends would be Ted and you? Have you heard from Michael lately?"

"I ran into Debbie the other day and she said he and Ben were going to be back in town early this fall."

"Well, we will be in Ireland then. I am not sure how long we will be in Europe, but we hope to go to Pittsburgh for a week or so and then we will fly over." 

J.Jay pulled up to the gallery and the three students were waiting at the door, obviously excited for their first professional exhibit. Em quickly got a feel for the space and soon was interacting with the students giving them ideas. All of them knew they had the final say on how to lay out their area and Em wouldn't be offended if they didn't use his ideas. Em made his way around the room until he ended up next to Justin. He hugged him from behind. Justin smiled. Brian hated when Em did that, but he had nothing to worry about. Em was a great friend and the touch couldn't be more different. When Brian did the very same thing, every nerve in Justin's body tingled. That never occurred when Em did it, although he felt loved.

"Now tell me everything," Em started. "That crazy lady that used to run this place is locked up?"

"Yes. We don't think there will be a full court case. It sounds like she is going to use an Alford plea."

"What's that mean?"

"It means she is going to plead guilty but not admit she did anything wrong."

"That's not fair!" Em stood up straight. "She could have killed you and she isn't going to have to go to face a trial?

"Em, this is what I want. We know Dad will end up here before the end of summer. He tried to hire a friend of our lawyer, who told him he needed to have a Georgia based law firm if he wanted to sue for custody."

"Justin, you aren't going to run if..."

"Em, if someone tried to take Amelia from..."

"Oh, stop! I can't even imagine! I am loving my day but I already miss my little bug. You do whatever you need to do to keep that boy, but it won't keep you in Europe permanently, will it?"

"No. It would just give our lawyer time to appeal."

"And running won't hurt?"

"Our trip is already planned, long before anything has hit the courts."

"You two are far too smart. That is perfect. Then the case is out of state when you come back to the U.S."

"Yes, and by then our lawyer will have time to get everything needed against Dad. I kind of hope he does something stupid and ends up a resident of the court in Georgia for a time."

"So, back to the crazy lady. You don't want any attention from that case on you?"

"Exactly. You haven't heard much about it up there have you?"

"Actually none. I only know about it because you told us."

"That is exactly what I hoped." Justin looked around the gallery. It looked ready for the opening. "Okay everyone, the place looks great. Go chill for a few hours. I will be back at 6:30. Would one of you mind being down here at 6:00 to show the caterer where to set up?"

"I can do that!" Sonya volunteered. "I know I am just too wound up to relax."

"Thanks, Sonya! And all of you are planning to come to our place tomorrow, right? Bring your suits and we will have all the food and drink you could want. J. will pick you up around noon, you can decide on the time, and we will get you home at the end of the evening so you will not need to drive and you can enjoy yourself."

After a few minutes of last minute questions J.Jay drove them all back to the house. Justin sat next to Gus in the back seat and thought he was very quiet. He wondered if he was tired. "Gus, is something wrong? Are you tired?"

"No. I was just thinking about Sonya. She is so nice and she is going to leave in a couple days and she doesn't have anywhere to go."

"Well, Gus, I already told her she can stay through the summer."

"Is that the news you talked about earlier? I am glad she is staying. I like her."

Justin hugged him as best he could while they were both restrained in the car. "Gus, we will make sure she has a place to live, Ok?"

"Ok, Daddy J."

"Oh, you two make my heart flutter," Em said, wiping a tear away. "I hope I have that with Amelia."

"You are a great dad, Em. She gets so much love she will know she can trust you and James with everything."

"I did get a good daddy to share her with."

"We are both really lucky in the husband arena."

A soft voice came from the driver seat. "I got lucky, too," J.Jay said softly. "He loves me the way I am."

"Oh, honey, I am so happy for you and Henry. I had a feeling you belonged together." Em patted his shoulder as J. pulled into the driveway.

 

While all three children napped, James and Brian caught up. They discussed Britin and the trip to Ireland. Then Brian brought up Craig. "Have you seen him around Britin?"

"Not him but we did have a PI show up. I happened to know the guy from when I first got to Pittsburgh when I was working as a bouncer. He said he was just checking if you were really out of town. You know they are about ready to file, right?"

"Yes. I am hoping he holds off a couple more weeks. We need to finish the summer here for Justin's art academy and hope to stop at Britin, but if we have to go straight to Ireland..."

"Mom will pack up your stuff and send it to you. None of us will let that man get our boy." James stood and looked into the backyard.

"Is there something you aren't telling me, James? Is something going on at Legacy?"

"No, not at all. I don't want to tell you something that may not be my place, but I think Charly and Connor will be leaving soon. Connor has been offered a great job in security in California. It will be good for them."

"That is great! I hate to lose them, but we aren't sure how long we will be gone and Henry and J.Jay can deal with the main house, and, once they are gone, I will contact the builder to start the changes in the barn so it will work for Sunshine's academy. Then it should be ready to go when we decide to come back and you and your mom can hire a couple new people to help.  The pool house will be free for someone to live in."

As the conversation wound down, James went to their room to check on Amelia and then unpacked a few things, but didn't want to wake her. As he opened the suitcase, the door opened and Emmett walked in. James smiled and Em walked into his arms. They kissed, but James pressed him tightly against his pelvis and Em smiled at him. "We don't have time for that right now," he said softly. "You know I have never cum quietly." Em kissed James playfully.  

Amelia started to move in her crib and Em and James knew it was daddy time.

 

The art show was a total success. J.Jay had watched the door most of the night, wondering if his mom would make an appearance. She didn't, but Rachel arrived about 20 minutes before it ended. J.Jay rushed to her and hugged her. "Rachel, thanks for coming!"

"Sorry, I am so late. My boss is impossible. I completed a project this afternoon and he made me change up a bunch of it. He never pays attention and he refused to listen when I told him I did it the way the client wanted it. I need to find a new job." She took a deep breath, "Sorry, this is your night. I want to see your work!"

J.Jay started showing Rachel around. Justin noticed and walked up to Henry, "Who's J. with?"

"Oh, that's his best friend from childhood. We ran into her the night you let me off early. She is really sweet. We told her about tonight but weren't sure she'd come. I'm glad she did. Look at how happy J.Jay looks."

"Go join them," Justin said. "And if the three of you want to go out after, we can handle the kids.  Kevin will be there and we have James and Em, too."

"Thanks! I'll let J. know," he said over his shoulder as he walked across the gallery. He draped his arms around both J. and Rachel. 

"He is so amazing!" Rachel said as she turned and kissed Henry's cheek.

"You don't have to tell me that! He is amazing in so many ways." For a split second J. dropped his head on Henry's shoulder. "Oh, Rachel, do you have plans when this closes? Justin just told us to go have fun when we are done for the night."

"How can I get a job with a boss who is that nice?"

"Brian and Justin are great," J. told her. "I hope Justin will let me keep working for him for years."

"Well, if you want to go out, I know a great place. It's a place where everyone is welcome. There is dancing and good food but it is still chill."

"None of our old friends..."

"No, none of the old crowd will be there. A friend of mine works there. I will text her and see if there is a table for us in about half an hour?"

"That should be about right. It will only take us a few minutes to wrap up here once we lock the door in about ten minutes."

J.Jay walked over to Justin while Rachel and Henry strolled around the remainder of the exhibits. "I want you to meet Rachel. We have been friends since I was about eight and she always knew who I really was."

"I would love to meet her," Justin responded. "She almost missed it."

"She has a job she hates."

"What does she do?" Justin asked.

"I don't even know. She works with client plans but I don't know what she plans."

"That almost sounds like Brian's line of work."

"Daddy J.!" Gus ran up to Justin. "Daddy wants you."

"J. I better go see what he wants. He's been working on selling my big mural. Please invite Rachel to the house. I really do want to meet her."

"Sure, that would be great." J.Jay walked toward Henry and Rachel as Justin moved toward Brian.

 

Kevin had taken his three grandchildren home earlier and Connie met them there to put them to bed while Emmett and James had stayed a little longer but left before 10:00 also. Henry, Rachel, and J.Jay, along with the three students, left for the club while Brian and Justin finished the sale of the mural and then Justin locked the door behind the buyer. 

Brian led Justin to a sofa out of the view of the windows and they sank into the cushions. "Two down, two to go," Justin rested against Brian. "I can't believe I sold that mural. I hoped someone would commission me to do a scene of their choice but to have this one sell... let's celebrate!"

"Do you want to go out somewhere?"

"No, I want to celebrate with you. I'll be right back." He got up and took the steps to the next level two at a time. Two minutes later he came back with two champagne flutes and a bottle of Dom Perignon. He handed the glasses to Brian, and, after making sure he wasn't pointing the bottle toward any art, he worked the cork out until it made a loud pop. As the liquid poured out, Brian held a glass under the rim of the bottle and then put the other one under it. Justin set the bottle down and accepted one of the glasses as he kissed Brian and then brought the glass to his lips.

"Wait, we need to toast." Brian held his glass up and Justin did the same. "To the most talented, caring, loving man I have ever known in my life. You take care of me and our kids and yet manage to run this art program for others that are trying to get a start. To my husband," Brian lifted the glass and Justin tapped his glass against Brian's and then took a sip before he pushed Brian backward causing him to sit back down on the sofa. Justin dropped to his knees between Brian's knees and started undoing Brian's fly. He reached in and pulled Brian's cock out of his pants and saw he was already responding. Justin grabbed his hips and pulled him a little closer to the edge making it easier for him to take the erection into his mouth. His warm mouth closed around the phallus and began to move up and down. He grazed his teeth along it one time and the next he drug his tongue over the now rock hard cock. 

"Oh, god, Justin, that is... you are..." and all the sudden his cock felt the cool air and Justin was frantic to get out of his shoes and then his trousers. Brian extended his hand and Justin straddled his thighs, and then, with Brian's guidance he lowered himself and as Brian entered him the moment of pain was overpowered by the pleasure he received watching Brian's face. As he began to slowly move up and down, Brian moved to meet him. They tried to make it last but neither of them had the willpower to take it slow. Soon they were both shouting in the pure joy of being together.

Justin fell against him as their heartbeats began to return to normal rhythm. Brian stroked his back, "What did I do to deserve that?"

"You know I am nothing without you, without your love. Our family is all that is important in this world. I don't want you to ever think that this... I mean, I love my art and working with these students... but this will never be as important as you and our kids."

"Sunshine, I know that and I never doubted that for a minute." Brian kissed Justin gently. "I guess we should go home."

"Do you know something about Dad?" Justin got up and began to dress.

"I know he is going to file soon." Brian stood and zipped up his pants. "I asked James if he knew anything and he told me a PI was looking into stuff for the asshole. He said the lawyer doesn't think he has a chance to get anything." Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and kissed him one last time. "We are a family of five and an extended family of many. Aaron is ours and always will be."

 

The club was busy, but, true to her word, Rachel's friend had a table set aside for the six of them. At one point Henry was dancing with Sonya and J.Jay and Rachel sat alone at the table.  "I know you went to college, Rachel. What did you get your degree in?"

"I was an idiot. I didn't want to go to college right away. I started looking into travel. I had started looking into going to Europe. I had heard about an agency that helped people find jobs like being a nanny or maid. I knew I didn't know what I wanted to do but I went to school and got a degree in Communication with a minor in Business. Now, I hate the job I have but it is really a worthless degree."

"Do you still want to go to Europe?" J. asked, leaning in close so she could hear him.

"I'd love to, but I don't have any money. My parents did pay for school but if I don't keep working I won't be able to pay the rent and I can't move back into my parents' place. My father still believes everything your father says. I just can't do that anymore."

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Looking at want ads. Why?"

"Justin and Brian want to meet you and they invited you to their pool party tomorrow. My mom is probably going to be there."

"Really? If she is willing to do that, she wants to be part of your life."

"I know she still loves me, but she loves my dad too and he will always take priority."

"Hey, gorgeous," Henry said as he slipped onto the stool next to J.Jay. "Did you invite her to the party?"

"I did."

"Is she coming?"

"She hasn't answered yet." J. responded, dropping one of his hands into Henry's lap.

"I'll be there. What time?"

"Lunch will be about 1:00 but people will start coming around noon and most of them will stay until late afternoon or even later. You can stay as long as you want. You will like Brian and Justin," Henry assured her.

"Brian can be a little intimidating the first time you meet him but if he likes you, he's a great guy." J.Jay said and began to gently rub Henry's crotch. "I think I am ready to go home." 

"I'll go tell the rest they are on their own." Henry went over and let the young artists know they were leaving while J.Jay programmed the address into Rachel's phone. 

Rachel hugged J.Jay, "I'm jealous of your love. You deserve this."

Henry slipped his arm around J.Jay's waist and as they walked away, Rachel waved.

 

The next morning Nat and Tom were at the house by 9:00 to see Emmett and James and to meet Amelia. Connie had made breakfast earlier and now just had fresh fruit and pastries for anyone who had slept in or who arrived early. It was a lot of work for her but she also enjoyed every minute of it. She had gotten most of the food in the last couple days and they would fire up the grill to make burgers and chicken breast as well as some vegetarian options.

Natalia took Amelia from Em and kissed her. "Uncle Em, she is so beautiful. I am so glad you came down. I have missed you."

"Well, you and Tom will come to Pittsburgh at some point won't you?"

"Yes, I think we will be up this fall. Tom and Kevin have something planned."

"Well, I am sure there will be room at Britin. Brian and Justin will be out of the country so I am sure you can stay there." Em saw how Nat engaged with Amelia.

"I'll let Tom know. This new project Brian and Kevin are planning sounds really interesting." Nat put the infant up on her shoulder.

"Have you thought of having a baby?" Em asked his niece.

"Tom isn't sure. We make enough to live on but getting a surrogate is expensive. We don't have a mother who will carry a baby for us."

"Awe, Baby, that shouldn't make a difference. I would think Tom would be able to locate someone willing to help."

"Like I said, we agree on almost everything but he won't agree to having a child and I don't know why. Enough with my moaning. Business is amazing. I have had to hire about a dozen employees. Only a couple are full time and the rest are part-timers. Some of them are in culinary school. I allow them to use the building to try new recipes and then sell or give samples of the product to test it with consumers."

"I am so proud of you. You are really making a name for yourself. Your mom has to be over the moon."

"She is. Didn't she tell you some of this?"

"She did but I wanted to hear it from you. She was happy for you but now I can feel all your excitement and commitment."

"I think that might be why Tom isn't rushing into kids. He always worries about me. He doesn't want me to have to do too much. I know I had some hard times earlier, but I know who I am now. I am Natalia. I am Tom's wife and I love my life."

Em hugged his niece until Amelia whimpered. "Sorry Bug, Daddy didn't mean to squash you." He looked into Nat's eyes. "I think Tom will come around. You are young but I understand why you want to share your love. Call if you need to talk."

"I will Uncle Em. Thank you." He looked around and saw more people had arrived. "Who are they? Do you know?"

"Those are the art students that had the show last night. They are all great." He told Nat their names and then walked over to greet them.  

Sonya greeted Emmett. "Oh, Emmett, is this your daughter?" Amelia gave her a grin.

"This is Amelia and that stud over there," he pointed at James, "is my husband. This little one thankfully takes after him." Just then James waved at him to come over.

"Do you mind?" Sonya extended her arms and Emmett handed her over. "I will sit right here in the shade so you know where to find us."

Henry and J.Jay arrived still flushed from making love and started chatting with the students, and when Kevin walked up he made sure he had met each of them.  

"J. you are still okay with seeing..."

"He is," Henry answered for him. Henry pulled him close and kissed his cheek. "Oh, there's Rachel!" Connie was guiding her to them.

"Kevin, I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine." J.Jay met Rachel and brought her over to Kevin and Henry. "Rachel, I want you to meet Father Kev. He helped me so much when I came back to the states and I knew I couldn't go home. Father, this is Rachel. We were kids together."

They shook hands and Kevin said, "It's nice to meet you. J. has mentioned you a few times. How did you reconnect?"

Rachel linked arms with J. "We ran into each other in our old neighborhood last week. He told me Camilla was coming and I thought he could use a little support."

"You are a good friend. What do you do?"

"Right now I am working at a job that is supposed to be a think tank but I don't think anyone thinks there. I hate it. I am looking for something different. I don't want to be locked in an office.  Not at my age. Later, with the right boss, I think I could enjoy that work but right now I just want to find some adventure."

Kevin smiled, "I can totally understand. Oh, J.Jay, I see your mom. I am going to go in and talk to her and Connie. Would you like to come in or just wait until we come out in a bit?"

"Why don't you do your introductions and when she comes out here, we'll talk. We can always go into the pool house." Kevin patted his shoulder and moved toward the house.

Soon there were people everywhere. Brandy and Sally had arrived with Kelin, and soon Kelin was laying next to Amelia in a playpen. While Sonya was entertaining them both, Rachel walked over. "Could the children get any more beautiful with this group?" 

As she asked, Henry walked by with Jessi. "Babies... Hehe, babies," she said, reaching for the playpen.

"Hehe? Let me hold that child, Hehe." Rachel laughed at Henry's reaction. 

"Jessi just started calling me that. I guess I'm pleased I am important enough in her life that she has a name for me," Henry said, and when Rachel raised her arms, Jessi came right to her.  "She loves babies. She has never seen both of them at the same time."

"Well, let us have girl time and you calm J.Jay's nerves." Rachel turned to Sonya as Henry walked toward J.  

 

Henry led J.Jay to the back corner, away from everyone else. He could see J.Jay getting paler and he couldn't stop looking toward the house where Brian, Kevin, Connie, and Camilla talked.  "J., what can I do to help you? When she comes out, do you want me to stay by you or give you space."

"Can you stay here until she comes out and after I introduce you I'll let you know if I want you to stay or not."

"Of course, Love." Henry glanced and pulled him close and kissed him.

 

"Oh my goodness!" Camilla blurted out in the middle of Brian reviewing the backers of the new organization. 

He stopped and looked at her in surprise. "Do you know something about that last donor I mentioned?" Brian was looking at the shocked look on her face.

Still staring out at the pool deck, she finally said, "I just saw Joanna kissing a man. I expected... I guess... I have no idea what I thought." She sagged as she sat on one of the stools at the kitchen counter. "I guess I thought she would date women since she was now a man." 

Brian didn't correct her but he said, "J.Jay and Henry have been a couple for a while." Brian saw Connie's and Kevin's looks, but he continued. "I know J. didn't want us to tell her, but she knew it. J. is a transexual male who has fallen in love with a man." Brian pointed at Natalia, "Nat is a transexual female. She has been there for J. as he gets used to the new person he is."

Camilla looked at Brian, "Can you tell me why she... no... he, felt the need to do this?"

"Oh, Camilla," Connie said and turned toward Kevin and Brian, "Why don't the two of you go out and in about five minutes send J.Jay and Henry in here." 

Kevin stood and, putting his hand on Brian's back, guided him out of the house. "It's time to start the grill anyway."

Connie moved around the counter and sat next to Camilla. "Do you love your child?"

"Oh, of course, Connie. How could I not? She was the sweetest little girl. Even as a teenager she never gave us any problems. Where did we go..."

Connie cut her off, "Don't go there. I am sure your husband goes into the thing that God doesn't make mistakes. He didn't make a mistake with J.Jay. He made him just the way he needed to be. There is a reason for everything and I believe we aren't supposed to question God's choices."

"She's right, Mrs. Carter." Henry and J.Jay stood in the door. "I love your son just the way he is.  He is so loyal and loving. He is the first one to offer to help and he cares so much about everything. I am sure you taught him that. You raised an amazing man."

Camilla looked between Henry and J. as Connie slipped out the door. "Mom, this amazing man is Henry. He is the love of my life."

Camilla walked to meet them in the middle of the room and then she extended her hand to Henry. "It is nice to meet you, Henry. I am glad J.Jay has found such a wonderful person to be in his life." Henry shook it and then J.Jay threw himself into his mother's arms. "J.Jay, I can't promise I will never make a mistake and call you Joanna, or say she instead of he, but darling, I will do my best because I want to be part of your life. And I hope you want to be part of mine."

J.Jay threw his arms around his mother and they hugged. Henry backed up, allowing the two of them a little space, but before they realized it, the patio door opened and a stream of people rushed in as the heavens opened up and the rain came down.

 

Chapter 9 by Simply written

 

The pool party had been driven inside by the storm that was moving through, but Justin and Brian moved the grill under a roof a little closer to the house to finish up the food on it while Connie and Sally started laying out the rest of the food. J.Jay and Henry sat on the sofa with Camilla and Rachel joined them, both telling Henry about J. when he was young.

Brian closed the grill and wrapped his arms around Justin who was looking into the house. Justin leaned back against Brian's chest. "Look at them. Camilla is laughing with Henry and Rachel."

"Camilla loves him. She is just torn between her husband and her child."

"I can understand that. As much as I adore our children, you are my breath."

"I think she will be telling her husband that she has room for both in her life, even if he refuses to change." Brian kissed his temple.

"Oh, did you happen to see Rachel with the kids? I have no idea what her background with kids is, but it is obvious she is good with them and she and Sonya seem to really enjoy each other."

"And you think they would be great to take along to Ireland."

"I do! Sonya has education training so she can tutor Gus and then help out with the other two part time."

"We will talk to them before they leave tonight. But right now we need to get this into the house. Maybe we can talk to them both during dinner. Do you think we can handle two women in the house? They are younger than most of our female hires."

"They will have each other, and they will have each other to explore with when they have time off." Brian let Justin go and, with Justin holding two plates and a third one on the side of the grill, Brian took everything off and they carried the plates into the house.

 

An hour later everyone was full and all the children were napping except Gus, who was playing Go Fish with Kevin and the two art students. Although it was still raining it was calming down, and while Justin slipped an arm around Sonya and led her to the deck Brian did the same with Rachel.  

"Ladies, have a seat," Brian motioned to the chairs Justin was drying off.

"Did we do something wrong? I know we kind of took over with the kids earlier," Sonya said, looking at Justin.

"You didn't do anything wrong but what we want to talk to you about is the kids." Justin and Brian held hands once they sat down. 

Brian began by saying, "Rachel, I hear you have a job that you hate."

"I wouldn't say I hate it. Well, I hate where I work but not what I do, but I would like to do something else for a while since I am still young."

Brian looked at Justin and started laughing. "Who does she sound like?"

"Daph when she was younger." 

"Daph?" Rachel questioned.

"Daph was my best friend for years. She is still a good friend but someone else kind of took over the best friend part." Justin brought Brian's hand to his mouth and kissed it. "I think you both have heard we are going to Ireland for at least a couple months. Our return date hasn't been set." Both women nodded.

Brian continued. "We would like to invite you to come with us. Sonya, I understand you have a teaching degree."

"Yes, I do!" 

"We would like you to be Gus' tutor and work with Aaron a bit."

"And, Rachel," Justin started, "we loved the way you interacted with the kids today and we would like you to be our nanny. You will both have time to do other things. Sonya, I know you will enjoy exploring all the folkart I hear they have."

"What do you think?" Brian asked. "Oh, and Rachel, when we get back, whenever that is, I will help you get a job. If you want to come to Pittsburgh, I can find a place for you to fit and if you want to come back to Atlanta, I have contacts here too. We won't leave you unemployed."

The women looked at each other and at the same time they said, "YES!"

Brian stood, "We'll get details in place later but right now..." Brian looked at the sky, "We need to put on our suits. The sun will be out in a few minutes." As if he had power over the weather, a beam of sunlight came down and lit Justin's golden hair. Brian stood and pulled Justin up and kissed him, "As if you weren't beautiful enough." 

 

The remainder of the day people swam and drank and ate. As the afternoon began to end, people started packing up. Camilla was the first to leave, giving both J.Jay and Henry a hug and kiss before leaving. Rachel invited Sonya and the other artists to go out to a nightclub. They all piled into Rachel's compact and were off to see the city.  

Brian walked over to Sally, who was putting a sleeper on a very tired Kelin, and put an arm around her, kissing her cheek. "I am so glad to see you looking so happy the last couple weeks."

"Thanks, Bri. I'm not there yet, but with a loving wife and a good counselor, and the most beautiful child in the world, I am getting there."

"I'm proud of you. And Dad is so relieved." He gently lifted Kelin whose caramel complexion against the pale green sleeper made her look like a baby doll. He cradled her bringing her up so he could kiss her warm cheek.  

"Are you ready, Sal?" Brandy came up and pulled her wife close, kissing her with some force.

"If that is a prelude to when we get home, I am definitely ready." Sally claimed their daughter and the little family waved at everyone. Justin opened the door for them and walked out with them, opening the car door so Sally could put her in the car seat. 

Justin whispered to Brandy, "You look happy. You both do."

Brandy hugged him tight. "We are. Thank you for always being here for us. You and Bri... I don't know what we would have done..." 

"You would have worked it out. You are like Brian and me, you can't live without each other." 

"You are so right, Justin," Sally said as she shut the door where Kelin sat. "This woman is my heart and soul. And as much as I love your soul, it's the body I am ready for now."

"Fuck! Don't mean to rush off but we need to go." Brandy opened Sally's door and once Justin took hold of the door Brandy rushed around to her door while Justin shut Sally's. Justin waved at them as they pulled away and as Brian's arms went around him.

Justin turned and kissed him, "You have extremely smart sisters. They are going home to make love."

"I think they have the right idea. Henry and J.Jay are putting the boys down and Jessi is sleeping in Connie's room. Dad decided to crash in the pool house. He is calling an old friend that lives in Australia in the middle of the night and didn't want to wake any of us. James and Em have gone to bed. The kitchen has been cleaned and since that earlier storm seems to have cooled the evening off, I think you and I should slip into that hot tub and..."

"I have a better idea." Justin brought his teeth up to Brian's ear and bit the lobe hard enough to be a bit uncomfortable. "I think you should take me up to our room and after you fuck me hard and fast and then we can sit in that big tub and make love as long as we can stay awake."

"Damn, I love the way you think." Brian took his hand and they walked into the house, locked up, and moved down the hall. Before they opened the door, Brian shoved Justin against the door frame with a loud thud and claimed Justin's mouth as his hand went down to Justin's crotch and grabbed harder than he normally would.

"Oh, god," Justin managed to get out when Brian left his mouth to bite his neck. "Fuck me!"

Brian managed to open the door and they fell through it and landed on the floor, "Shit," Brian looked out the door and didn't see anyone so he quickly shut the door. "What the hell has gotten into you tonight?"

"Nothing yet, but I hope you plan to change that."

Brian growled low in his throat as Justin dropped his shorts and then his briefs. He turned his back to him and bent over the bed, letting his ass stick high in the air. Brian dropped his pants and, after stepping out of them, he moved to Justin and, grabbing his hips began to thrust.  Justin moaned out from the shock of the pain, but then it turned to pleasure and within moments, Justin cried out as he climaxed and fell onto the bed. 

Brian dropped next to him, "Shit... it's been a long time since..." Brian looked at Justin who wasn't moving, "Sunshine? You okay?" He reached over and shook him a bit. "Justin?"

"That was fuckin' amazing. I mean it is always good but... I saw flashes of light and then I may have passed out for a second."

"Sunshine," Brian reached for him, "You're going to the emergency room! You passed out and..."

Justin leaned over and kissed Brian, "Darling, I am fine. You fucked the hell out of me and I was just overcome. Actually I am still over cum." Justin laughed at his own joke.

"Oh, anyone who tells that bad a joke really does need help," Brian groaned.

"Bri, I promise if I feel dizzy or get a bad headache I promise I will tell you. Now, I think you said we could do one more thing tonight."

"I'll fill the tub. You grab a bottle of Jack." Brian stood and pulled Justin up against him. The heat of their love-warmed skin passed from one to the other." By the time they separated, they were both aroused again.

"Don't lose that!" Justin patted Brian's cock and kissed his cheek before grabbing a robe to round up a bottle of whiskey. He went to the kitchen and opened a cabinet door and when he closed it he jumped to find James standing there. He let out a soft noise of surprise.

"Sorry, Justin. I didn't mean to scare you."

"I have never figured out how a guy your size can move silently. Did you need something?"

"I was just grabbing a couple bottles of water."

"I'm so glad you two are here. I missed you and Amelia is growing so fast."

James' face changed at the sound of his daughter's name. "She is, and I can't imagine life without her. I don't know if I would have ever gone for having kids if I hadn't gotten to know yours."

"Sunshine, you coming?" Brian's voice came from down the hall.

"Be right there!" Justin said. "James, is everything alright?" Justin looked into his eyes.

"Ya, fine." James kissed Justin's cheek. "I'm glad we have a few more days and it is a down week for you."

Justin had an odd feeling that James wasn't telling him something, but when he saw Brian silhouette standing in the doorway, lit from behind, all other thoughts went out of his mind.

 

Too soon it was time for James and Em to head back to Pittsburgh. Brian and Justin drove them to the airport and had started planning the possibility of having them fly to Ireland for a visit in the fall. Justin had never had a chance to talk to James alone but the smile on his face when he looked at his little girl made Justin realize if something was wrong, it couldn't be too serious.

Justin and Brian had four days until Justin had a new group of students come in and since Sonya was now an employee she moved into the pool house and had started helping out with the kids already. She would also help with the new art students coming in over the weekend.

When Brian and Justin arrived home, Kevin, J.Jay, Henry, Connie, and Sonya were standing in a row in the kitchen along with all the kids. Brian looked at the line of people and then looked over at Justin before looking back at the line. "Did we miss something? Are we supposed to inspect the staff or what?"

"Daddy and Daddy J. we all decided you need time away." Gus looked over at Connie to make sure he was saying it right. Connie nodded to encourage him. 

"Daddies, go bye-bye," Aaron said.

"Aaron, I'm supposed to talk." Gus glared at his little brother until Justin cleared his throat. "Oh, ya, Grandpa and Connie say you are going on vacation."

"Vacation?" Justin looked at Brian and then at the line of people.

Connie took a step forward. "You two need some time alone. There is a plane at the small airport getting ready. You are going to Hawkin's private island. A friend of mine owns it and is gone the remainder of the week. Throw some shorts and t-shirts in a bag. There is a small town near the compound and there is a nice restaurant, but that would be the only time you need to worry about clothes."

"You're serious?" Brian asked.

"Son, do you see all of us? We can take care of the kids. The plane will bring you back on Saturday evening."

Jessi crawled over and pulled herself up on Brian's pants who picked her up. She waved her hand. "Well, I guess even Jessi wants us to go."

"Bye-bye, Daddies." Aaron ran over and flung himself at Justin. He was lifted into his arms and he kissed Justin. "I miss you."

"Oh, I'll miss you, too." 

 

Two hours later, Brian and Justin sat on a small plane, holding hands. "Did you know anything about this, Brian?"

"Don't you think I would have given you a little warning, Sunshine? I can't wait to..."

"Do we have to?"

"Do we have to what?"

"Wait?" Justin's hand moved to Brian's crotch. "As soon as we are in the air.."

Brian turned Justin as much as he could while they were both in seatbelts and pulled him into his arms. "I didn't know how much I needed to be alone with you until we walked up those steps. How long has it been since we had a few days alone? You know how much I love our kids but we need this."

"I couldn't agree more. I can't believe in three hours we will be watching the sunset on our private beach." They kissed and both sat back in their seats as the plane began to move down the tarmac.

The plane landed on the small island half past 5:00. A very attractive teenage boy walked up to them. In the afternoon sun his ebony skin glowed and his big smile would draw anyone to him. He said, "Hi, I'm Daniel. I'll drive you to the compound. My dad is the caretaker and my mom is the house manager. I'm supposed to tell you their phone numbers are on the bulletin board. They do not plan to be at the house unless you call them. Mom can cook for you if you want her to. She's a great cook. In fact, she was just finishing up a seafood dinner for you when I left." He took a deep breath. "Sorry, I'm talking too much and too fast."

"Nice to meet you, Daniel," Justin said, as he watched the young man reached for the overnight bags they each carried. "I'm Justin and this is my husband, Brian."

"You're an artist, right?" I really like your style."

"If someone your age recognises art my guess is you are an artist?"

"I don't know if I would say I'm an artist, but I am interested in folkart. My grandma got me into it a long time ago." By now the three had gotten into a jeep and were pulling onto an empty street. 

"I'd love to see your work. I'll give you my phone number. Maybe you could bring some of your work over for me to see."

"Na, it's not that good but thanks." Daniel said modestly.

"So is there anything to do around here?" Brian finally spoke, "Not that we can't entertain ourselves." He pulled Justin close and nuzzled his neck.

"Every morning there is the market. Mom has the place stocked with food but there is a lot of other stuff there."

"Are there toys?" Justin asked. "Well, anything kids would like?"

"Oh, ya. All kinds of stuff. Do you have kids?"

"Three," Brian responded. "Gus is six and a half, Aaron is two and Jessi just turned one."

Daniel pulled into a driveway and pressed a code in at the gate. "The code will be on the bulletin board in the kitchen. They have more information about the market up there, too." He pulled up to a small, low profile home with a circular drive. They could hear the ocean but at the moment it was blocked by the house and a fence. "I'll bring these in for you and show you where the basics are."

Brian and Justin followed Daniel through the double doors of the entry and both of them froze in their steps. In front of them was the most stunning image they had ever seen. In front of them was a descending staircase that led to the open floor plan home and out glass doors to the beach and the endless sea. The sun was low on the horizon sending shimmering beams across the water and into the house. 

"Brian, it is so...."

"I know, right? I have been here hundreds of times and I still have that reaction. Justin, I bet you could do a lot of art projects here." Daniel had moved toward a door to the right and came back without the bags while Brian and Justin had made it down the stairs and opened the doors.  "The bedroom is through that door."  Brian and Justin stood half in and half out of the house and by now were in each other's arms, kissing. "Well, I am sure you two will figure out where everything is. Call if you need anything." And with that, Daniel turned and walked out the front door.

Brian and Justin had eventually roamed around the house and saw that the views were the same in every room. Justin read through the notes left by Daniel's mom, Rose, while Brian let Kevin know they had made it safely. "The kids are fine. I have a feeling they are going to wish we would stay away longer." He watched Justin as he pulled containers out of the refrigerator.

"Bri, could you put the plates on the table out on the deck and then come back for some of the food." 

Brian walked up to him and kissed him, "Are you sure we need to eat? I would rather feast on you." Brian pulled Justin's shirt off.

"We have four days, I think we will need a little fuel to keep us together." Justin said as he ran his hands under Brian's shirt and yanked it off. "Only fair."

Together they watched the sun set as they ate gazpacho that was the best they had ever tasted as an appetizer. There was a roasted vegetable salad and swordfish for the main course along with a crusty baguette and an herb butter that could go on everything. The sky had turned to shades of orange and red as they walked to the edge of the water and wrapping their arms around each other, they watched the water turn to flames as the sun disappeared below the horizon. They strolled on the sand for several minutes before moving back toward the house. 

"Shall we have dessert or leave that until later?" Justin asked as Brian's hands moved into his shorts. "Okay, dessert can wait." They dropped onto a lounger and were soon naked in the light of the moon as they caressed each other's skin. After making love they took a quick dip in the ocean, and then, after a quick shower outside on the deck, they slipped into robes and then Justin pulled the dessert out of the fridge while Brian opened a bottle of champagne. For dessert there was one dish that had a light fluffy mousse with caramel swirled through it and then it was topped with lightly sweetened whipped cream.

By the time they had finished, they had nearly licked the bowl clean but surprisingly it had been very light and as they drained the bottle of sparkling wine and stretched out on the lounger, pulling a light blanket over themselves and slipping out of the robes so they could freely explore each other's body. They talked about the kids and the trip to Ireland. They talked about their friends and family and then they fell asleep to the sound of the waves.

"Sunshine, there's a storm moving in. We need to get inside." Brian gently shook Justin's shoulder.  

He sat up groggily but soon he was wide awake. They sat and watched the lightning filled sky among the clouds until they could hear the rain on the water. Then they moved into the bedroom and dozed off as the storm crashed on the shore.

 

Brian woke to the smell of coffee. He stumbled out of the bedroom naked to find Justin standing in the kitchen speaking to an attractive 40-something woman. "Shit, sorry." Brian moved back out of the kitchen.

The woman smiled at Justin, "He may be sorry but I'm not. Your husband is a fine looking man."

Justin chuckled, "Yes, he is and he was surprisingly modest this morning."

"Too bad for me," she laughed.

"Brian, come meet Daniel's mom."

Brian walked out of the bedroom with swim trunks and an open tropical print shirt on. He moved across the room and extended his hand. "I wasn't expecting company," he said a little too bruskly.

"I'm Alesandra. You didn't have to dress on my account." Her eyes scanned the full length of Brian's body boldly. "I would have not stopped by unannounced but the storm did damage to several homes on the shore so I stopped by to check all was well here."

"She also dropped by these amazing breakfast rolls." Justin said before tilting his mouth up to  Brian for a kiss.

"I take it that everything is good?"

"It is and I will be on my way. You are here to be alone. Daniel said you were talking about going to the Market. I would wait until tomorrow. After the storm things will be tossed around today. By tomorrow all will be well." With that she turned and waved as she walked out the door.

"Bri, she also brought us some swizzle."

"Swizzle?"

"It is a local rum punch. I got the idea that it has quite the kick."

"Well, then we will hold off drinking it until at least noon." Brian moved close to Justin and, putting his hand on the back of his neck, he lowered his head to Justin's and their tongues intertwined. They were both a little breathless when they separated. "Let's get some breakfast, Sunshine, before taking a swim."

After eating the buttery pastry and fruit, along with a couple cups of coffee, they headed out to the beach. After a quick swim, they applied suntan lotion on every inch of the others' body so by the time they dropped onto the large blanket, they were both ready for more. 

 

They spent the day on the beach. They went into the house mid-afternoon and had fresh fruit and the first of the swizzle. "I think I know why this stuff is dangerous." Justin commented as he had emptied his first glass of the rum punch. "It tastes like the stuff my mom bought when I was a kid. You can't tell there is any alcohol in it."

"Well, my mom only had the powdered stuff in the house and I had to make it myself but, you're right. The booze taste is nonexistent. Maybe we should call the kids before we drink anymore of that."

Justin added, "Let's go inside to make the call and maybe rehydrate with some water. We can decide what we want for dinner while we are in there."

Alesandra had instructions for all the ingredients she had in the fridge. They decided on Spiny lobster tonight that had been prepared and just needed a quick dip in boiling water to rewarm it. There were side dishes already prepared so it would only take them a couple minutes to get ready when they were hungry. 

"I wonder how Connie found this place?" Brian asked after they had talked to Gus and were sitting in the cool interior of the home.

"Do you think Alesandra might have worked for her?" 

"Why would you think that?"

"It was something she said while you were still sleeping. It was obvious she knew someone that had worked for Connie, but it could have been a friend or family member, too. She said she owed Connie a lot."

"It doesn't really matter. This place is like a hidden jewel. I mean, remember what we thought when we pulled up?"

"It looks like a shack."

"And it was hiding this. I was thinking, maybe we could go into town tomorrow. You heard Gus asking about getting something, although he did it sneakily." Brian laughed thinking about how Gus had asked if they had stores there.

"I was thinking maybe Daniel could show us around. Locals always know the best places."

"Sounds like a good idea to me."

"I'll tell him to be here at 10:00. That way we could take a swim if we wanted to before."

After Brian verifying that would work for Daniel, they went back out with another glass of punch each and when they had finished that they both fell asleep in the shade of a large awning attached to the house. They awoke, and, while Justin started dinner, Brian disappeared for a while. When Justin nearly had the food ready he called out, "Bri, did you fall asleep again? The food is almost ready."

"I'll be right there." His voice came from the patio off the bedroom and he walked into the house. 

"Can you set the table out there?"

"Let's eat inside tonight. We can move the table so we can see the beach and water."

"Well, if you want to, sure."

Brian put out napkins and lit candles while Justin plated the lobster and the vegetable salad that had been left for them. There were also crusty rolls to put the buttered lobster on. Both Brian and Justin loaded the buttery lobster onto the rolls and as they bit into it they both sighed.  

"That has to be one of the best things I have ever tasted," Justin said as he wiped butter off his chin.

"And even that salad. What is in that dressing? It mainly tastes like the purest tomatoes I have ever tasted."

"Ya, with the basil... damn, if we stayed here longer than four days I'd have to buy a whole new wardrobe."

"Maybe we could just move the kids here and none of us would have to wear clothes at all."

"You do realize we have a daughter, right?"

"Well, maybe for a year?"

Justin walked around the table and sat on Brian's lap. "I think we just need to enjoy our time here."

"Oh, I plan to." He kissed Justin. "If you don't mind putting this away," he nodded toward the food, "I will finish my surprise."

"Surprise?" Justin wiggled on Brian's lap, making him take a deep breath.

"Behave!" He pushed him to his feet. "Give me five minutes and ditch your clothes before you come into the bedroom."

"Five minutes." Justin watched Brian walk toward the bedroom, first taking off his shirt and then dropping his trunks at the doorway before shutting the door.

Five minutes later, after clearing the table and taking off his clothes Justin knocked on the door. "Are you ready for me?"

"I'm always ready for you. Come in." 

Justin opened the door and lost his breath. There was a trail of flower petals leading from the door to the open patio doors. On either side of the petals were a trail of candles. As he got to the door he saw Brian rushing onto the garden stones from the room he had just left holding the pitcher of rum punch. "What is all this? How did you..."

"Talking to Daniel this afternoon he mentioned there was more back here than we knew." Brian took his hand and, after a long kiss, he led him around the corner.  

"How did we not see this?"

"We never opened this gate." They stood in what could only be called a fairy garden. There was a table with two glasses where Brian had set the pitcher of the punch. In the center of the area was a wooden tub. It was larger than their slipper tub back in Pittsburgh. It was big enough for the two of them to move freely and to do anything they wanted to do. Brian led him to the opposite side where there were steps into the shiny, silky smooth basin. 

"This looks like it was made from..." Justin walked up the steps and stepped into the water.

"One piece of wood? It is. The legend has it..." Brian joined him.

"When did you have time to find out about the legend?"

"You know how fast Daniel talks. And while you were putting dinner together I did a little research. This very tree washed onto shore after a hurricane. I forget the exact type of wood it is, but it is rare and isn't grown anywhere within a thousand miles from here. An artist found it and..."

"He or she did this to it. It is amazing."  

There were built in impressions that made it comfortable to sit in and it had been carved so the back was perfectly angled for comfort. They both relaxed side by side as the water gently swirled around them. As the water caressed their skin, they caressed each other. 

An hour later, they got out of the tub and slipped on robes before sitting down on a small bench and drank the punch. "Brian, I love you."

"I love you, too."

"You take care of me and the kids. I never have to wonder if something is going to get done. And then you take time to do something like this."

"Justin," Brian's voice cracked. "There were almost two years you were dead, or I thought you were, and now that I have you, we have two more kids, and I still remember how alone I was when I thought you were dead." And then Brian kissed him for the millionth time and the fireworks still went off and it was like the first time all over again.

 

Chapter 10 by Simply written

 

Brian and Justin were up around 8:00 a.m., and after a quick naked swim in the ocean, they ate a little breakfast and dressed so they were ready when Daniel arrived. He first gave them a tour of the surrounding area. As he drove into the center of town he parked the jeep.  

"It is too crowded around the next corner so we will park here and walk. It isn't far."

"I'm sure we can handle it." Brian slipped his hand into Justin's as they strode down the old cobblestone street.  

"I will take you to all the best shops if you tell me what you are looking for."

"Well, our oldest son was hinting at gifts. Is there any booth that would have toys or things kids would..." Justin started to ask as they turned the corner and entered the Market. He forgot to complete his question when all the colors and motion came into view. "Sorry, I had forgotten how vibrant places like this were. Our kids? We want to bring something home for them." 

"Sure we can find something. I'll take you to my favorite stand. It is right next to Mama's."

"Alesandra has a booth?" Brian asked. "What does she sell?"

"It is actually my grandmother who has it, although Mom helps out. I call my grandma Mama."

"Makes total sense," Justin smiled at him. "Oh, Bri, look at that." He pointed at some brightly colored pottery. He pulled out his phone and snapped some pictures. As he looked at the pictures he noticed he didn't have service. "I don't have any bars."

"Oh, ya, the island has spotty service. At your place there is a booster tower but that is about the only place that does. That's okay, isn't it?"

"Sure it is. We will talk to our kids again this afternoon. Do you know who makes that pottery? He pointed at the stand where he had taken the pictures."

"Sure! Mama this is Brian and this is Justin. They are staying at the house this week."

"Oh, Danny, thank you for bringing them by." The older woman greeted both of them. "I hope you are enjoying your time."

"We are having a great time," Justin replied. "Do you make this stunning pottery?"

"Well, I make some of it, but Daniel makes as much as I do. The fancy stuff is his. I stick with the basics."

"You are both very talented. I especially like this set of mugs." He turned to Daniel. "You didn't tell me you were this talented."

Daniel blushed, "Do you really think so?"

"I wouldn't say so if I didn't. I would like this set. Could you box them?"

"Sure," Daniel pointed to another booth. "I think you will find what you need for the kids at those two places." Daniel pointed at some nearby places. "Once I bring these to the Jeep, I'll come find you."

They found some handmade wooden toys for the kids and then found them each a linen outfit. They also bought shirts for themselves. They had plans for a family portrait and these would be perfect for that. "Let's get Kevin a shirt, too. He should be in the picture." Before Daniel returned they had also bought Sally and Brandy loose sundresses and a dress like Jessi's for Kelin. Daniel helped them carry their purchases to the Jeep. They picked up lunch at a food stand and sat by a picnic table available next to it. 

Brian looked at the fish and chips he was eating, "I don't know what kind of fish this is but it is amazing."

"Try one of these!" Daniel offered Brian something fried he was eating. Brian took one and then Daniel offered Justin one.

"Damn, what is that?"

"They are a clam only found around here. They have to be treated just right or they are like chewing rubber bands."

"Those have to be one of the best things I have eaten." Justin said.

"I'll be right back." Daniel got up and brought back another order and set it between Brian and Justin. "We can always get more."

Daniel left once more and came back with dessert. It was a pineapple creamy mixture that tasted like coconut and freshness. 

"Daniel, this was a perfect day, but now," Justin ran his hand down Brian's back and rested on his ass. "Now, I think we are ready for the beach."

"I hope you are ready for a hell of a lot more than that," Brian kissed him.

"How long have you two been together?" Daniel asked.

"We met almost seven years ago but two of those years we were apart. I guess that means we have been together for nearly five years."

"And you still act like you just met."

"Dan, find someone that makes your heart skip a beat everytime they kiss you." Brian stopped and then added, "I can't believe what I'm about to say. It is about the heart. Your cock will react to any pretty ass. But if you can't wait to see that person or it is the kiss you crave." Justin took Brian's hand and gave him a kiss. "Fuck, who am I trying to kid, my prick is hard as a rock." 

All three of them laughed. "I'll drive you back to the compound. Just noticed we've used a lot of gas today." Daniel looked at the men, "I think that my mom and dad have that. I do hope to find that someday but for now, I think I will let my little head do the thinking. My heart isn't ready yet."

 

As they neared the gate both Justin and Brian's phones started going off. They looked at each other and both pulled out their phones. The look on Justin's face showed fear and devastation. Brian took control. "Change of plans," he said to Daniel. "We need to be at the airport in under an hour. Our plane will be waiting for us. We need half an hour to pack up. Can you be back here?"

"Sure. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Just make sure you have gas in that thing." Brian helped Justin out of the vehicle and before they got to the door, Alesandra came out of it.

"I hope you don't mind that I started your packing. Connie called me and told me there was an emergency. My girl didn't tell me what it was, but said the plane had been called."

Justin still was just standing in one spot. "Alesandra, can you have him sit down and get him a large drink of something?" Brian moved into the bedroom while Justin sat on the sofa.  

Alesandra sat next to Justin and handed him a large glass of fruit juice with a large shot of rum in it. "Justin, doll, drink some of this."

"Did Connie tell you, he wants our son?"

"She didn't and I didn't ask. Who wants your son?"

"My father. He is suing us for custody."

"Oh, she did tell me a little bit about that threat earlier this summer."

Justin was still not thinking straight but his manners kicked in. "How do you know Connie?"

"We don't have time for the whole story but if it wasn't for her, I would have never met my Sam or had Daniel. "And your boy?"

"My father's girlfriend was pregnant and he was going to jail so Brian and I adopted Aaron. We didn't need his permission because he was not listed on the birth certificate but since then he ended up with DNA and has proof they were related."

Alesandra put her arm around Justin and hugged him just as Brian walked out of the bedroom with both bags closed. Alesandra looked at her phone, "Sam is almost here. He has the SUV. He has all the items you bought today with Daniel and has been in touch with the airport. The plane is here and the pilot is going over the checklist."

"Thank you, Alasandra. We would have loved to spend another day or two here."

"Brian, you and that body may come back anytime." She kissed them on the cheek. "I will stay here to straighten up. Sam just arrived."

Justin rushed up the stairs and Brian followed with the bags. "I know we don't have time for a chat now. I am Sam. I had hoped to meet you later today but maybe you will come back and visit again soon. I am sure Connie will let you use her place any time."

Neither of them registered what he said. Brian put his arms around Justin and spoke softly to him as they drove. "There is no reason to worry. Dad already contacted Ted who will contact our lawyer. He will make sure the lawyer down here has everything we need."

Soon they were on the plane and all of the purchases and their bags had been loaded. Sam had left and the pilot had told them to buckle their seatbelts.

When Brian had tried to sit next to Justin, Justin held up his hand and Brian sat down across the aisle and a row back. He had learned when Justin was under pressure he first needed space and soon he would need his full attention. It had been that way since he had found him and taken him back. As they flew over the water, Brian remembered sitting outside his apartment above the little grocery store. He talked to him for hours before Justin slowly opened the door and went home with him. During those two years he had lost all sense of his worth. He had learned to trust only himself, and under stress, he reverted to dealing with this himself. As he thought he wondered if they would ever get Craig out of their life. He got out of prison far too soon. He often wondered if anyone would miss Craig if he disappeared. Brian's mind drifted to a dark place and every corner had a sign with a different way to get rid of him.

"Brian?" Justin was standing next to him. "Where were you?"

Brian wanted to tell him he was killing his father but knew that wouldn't be productive. "I was just thinking about the family in Ireland, the whole family in Ireland." He took Justin's hand and Justin sat down on his lap. Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and leaned against his chest just like Aaron did so often.  As Justin dozed off where he was, Brian's mind went back to the suffering he wanted to inflict on Craig.

They both woke up when the pilot told them to buckle their seatbelts. Justin slid into the chair next to Brian and followed the pilot's request. He sat up straight and as soon as they landed, he stood up and grabbed his own bag and some of the packages from shopping, "You coming?" he said to Brian as he walked toward the door as it opened. Brian smiled a little. His warrior was back. Justin was ready to fight to the end.

 

When Brian and Justin arrived at home it was dinner time and the kids erupted when they saw their dads. Even Jessi screamed until Henry lifted her out of the highchair and she was off in a shot to her daddies.

As Brian snapped her up he said, "I know she was walking a little two days ago but how did that happen?"

Justin picked up Aaron and held him a little too tight for just a second. "Hey, big guy." At the same time he reached down and ruffled Gus' hair. "How are you, Gus?"

Gus hugged him, "I didn't expect you ‘til tomorrow."

"Does that mean you don't want your gifts?" Brian asked.

"You got me a present?" Gus tried to be surprised and the adults started laughing. 

"Let's eat the yummy dinner Connie made for us and then we will see what's in the bags."

They all sat around the table and everyone kept the mood light. When they had finished eating and opened their gifts, Brian looked at Henry and said, "Would you mind putting the boys in the bathtub?"

"Daddy, I want..." Gus started to say but saw the look on his daddy's face. "Will you tuck us in?"

"Of course we will," Justin smiled at Gus. "And we will read some stories to you." He walked over and kissed Gus and Aaron before Henry and J.Jay took the boys upstairs. 

"We can take Jess, too." J. said.

"No, she's alright. We'll bring her up for the stories." Brian said, knowing Jessi wouldn't understand anything that was said, plus he thought it would do Justin good to have her in his arms. He got up and put Jessi in his arms. The little girl was getting sleepy and she stood on his thighs, wrapped her arms around his neck and put her head on his shoulder. Justin wrapped his arms around her and she sat her diapered bottom on his arms. She turned and kissed his cheek but then relaxed in her daddy's arms.

"The lawyer sent all the documents to you. They are in your email." Kevin sat next to Brian and put his hand on Brian's arm. "We will beat this."

"I know," Brian said quietly.  

"I will take the kids to Ireland if there is any inkling of him winning." Justin turned and kissed Jessi's head.

They talked over a couple more things but then Brian and Justin got up to go read to the boys.

"Justin, let me take this little one. I'll put her to bed." Connie gently took Jessi out of Justin's arms.

"Thank you," Justin said as he put an arm around Brian.

"Connie, your house is perfect. Thank you for setting that up for us."

"Alesandra wasn't supposed to tell you that."

"It just slipped out."

"Well, you'll have to go back sometime and finish your get away." Kevin looked around the now empty kitchen and started clearing the table. 

Brian and Justin read to the boys and after they finished a second book, Brian laid with Gus telling him about Bermuda while Justin laid next to Aaron in his toddler bed, holding his little body tight as he fell asleep. When Gus was ready to sleep, Brian crossed the room and lightly touched Justin's shoulder, "Sunshine, time to let him sleep."

When Justin stood up he saw two things. He saw the tears that had run across his face as he laid with their son but he also saw the veracity in his blue eyes that said he would fight until the death, if needed. He put an arm around him and they walked out into the hall. Before he knew what was going on Justin pinned him against the wall and if his kiss was any prediction, he had a feeling it was his turn to receive.

Justin took control and Brian gladly let him. When Justin was this fired up, he knew it would be a night of passion and he was a willing participant. Justin grabbed Brian by the shirt and pulled him into the bedroom.

"Damn Justin, I am very into this, but let's go say good night to Jessi and then I am yours to do with what you want."

For a moment Justin's face softened. "Yes, I'm sure Connie has put her down by now." Together they walked into the room across from theirs and their little one was laying on her stomach with her patted bottom high in the air. They both kissed their daughter. "She is going to be beautiful, isn't she?"

"Yes. Good thing her grandfather is a priest and can tell us where a good cloister is." Brian wrapped his arms around Justin. "Ready to take advantage of me."

"That is impossible. You always want sex but," he pushed Brian out to the hall and then grabbed his crotch and squeezed. "strip and get ready to take it."

Justin was not joking. With his shorts still around his feet, Justin bent Brian over the back of the sofa and, with a little guilt, drove in. Brian called out in obvious discomfort but it didn't stop him from getting into the rhythm and meeting Justin thrust for thrust. Justin moved in one more time and both of them shuttered simultaneously.  

Justin pulled out and Brian dropped over the edge of the sofa. He ended up rolling off and ended up sprawled on the floor, arms to his sides. Somehow his shorts and briefs were still wrapped around his ankles. As he looked up at the ceiling, he started to laugh. Justin jumped over the back of the sofa and sat for a second until Brian bent his finger, calling Justin closer. Justin dropped onto his knees, one on either side of Brian's thighs and grabbed each of his wrists, pinning them above Brian's head as he lowered his mouth to Brian's and kissed him. His mouth started moving down, having to let go of Brian's hand as he moved lower and as he followed Brian's pleasure trail. As Justin's mouth moved around Brian's now erect member, Brian's fingers entwined in Justin's hair.

As Justin coaxed Brian into climax, Brian arched and began to thrust into his mouth and then Justin was licking the last of the elixir off of him and Brian pulled him up so he laid his head on one of Brian's arms.

"Feel better?"

"Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"I'll feel it tomorrow but, damn, you're hot when you are determined."

"We're going to win this, right?"

"If it looks like it is going south, and I don't expect that, the kids all have passports and so do we. If we have any hint Craig's lies are working, you and the kids will take off. I have a plane and pilot on standby.

"I don't want to go anywhere without you."

"I know. But you, the kids, and Rachel and Sonya, will fly over to Ireland. We have had it planned for months."

"But where will we go and when will you join us?"

"Dad is waiting for a couple friends to get back to him. We may be out of town by the time it can go to the judge anyway. But there's a plan in place and even if we are separate for a short time we will all be together shortly."

Justin rolled and laid his head on Brian's chest as his arms tightened around him.

 

Early the next morning, Brian and Justin left to meet with their lawyer. As Brian drove, Justin received a text from Kevin letting them know there was a place for them ready in Ireland if they needed to leave in a hurry.

"I can't believe we have known Dad is on his way less than 24 hours and you have already got an escape set up."

"How can you still call him that?"

"Brian, we have had this conversation ever since we met. I know you had no good memories, or very few, of your dad, but I have memories of our family that are good. Dad taught me to play softball. We took family vacations. Yes, he was arrogant and chauvinistic but he could also be..." Justin quit talking.

Brian reached over, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have started this." He glanced over and saw tears in Justin's eyes.

Justin took a deep breath, "I wish I could hate him. I am a grown man but I still want my dad to love me."  

Brian didn't say anything as he pulled into the parking lot at the law office. He parked and walked slowly around the car, opening the door for Justin. He offered his hand and kissed him. "All that is important is what kind of fathers we are."

"I know you are right, love. How sore are you?"

"It just reminds me of the passionate husband I have." He kissed him again. As they turned and started to walk toward the office Justin froze. "What is it, Sunshine?"

"He's here." He nodded toward the office entrance and Brian saw the familiar silhouette of Craig Taylor.

Brian tried to guide Justin another direction but he stopped and turned toward him. "No! I am not going to run from him. I want him to see I am healthy and strong; and we are united. We are a true family and he can never give that to Aaron." He started to walk toward the door. Brian moved quickly to put an arm around him so they could walk together to the building.

"Son, It's good to see you. How is Aaron?"

"Our son is none of your business," Justin said as he walked past his father.

Brian leaned in about an inch from Craig's face and softly said, "OUR son will never go through what he did." He nodded toward the door Justin had walked through. "We love him today and we will love him as long as we are on this earth." On purpose his shoulder collided hard with Craig's shoulder nearly throwing him off balance.

Under his breath he heard Craig say, "Faggot."

Brian stopped and turned around one last time, "That would have gotten me five years ago. Some of us do mature." Brian walked to the door and into Justin's arms.

"What happened out there?"

"That small man hasn't changed a bit."

"Gentlemen?" A woman said from an inner door. "Please follow me to the office. We will get out of here before the plaintiff arrives."

"He already has. He just accosted us outside the door," Brian said as the woman pulled the door shut as she left the men alone. The door had barely shut when another door opened and the lawyer walked in. "Why the hell is Taylor at this office?"

Ms. Crawford, the lawyer, said, "He hired my associate, hoping this could all be taken care of out of course."

"I told you we are not giving anything, so unless he decides to give up and leave, we will be in court," Justin said, looking directly at Ms. Crawford. 

"You have to have an open mind. I mean, I don't have details of what he is asking, but I got the feeling he would settle for visitation a couple times a month and..."

"Ms. Crawford, that man isn't going to touch our son, let alone spend time alone with him!" Brian said with a raised voice. 

Justin reached over to Brian and laid his hand on his arm and said, "Ma'am, how much did our lawyer tell you about my father?"

"I admit, not much. I know he had been sent to prison because of a false death certificate and something about him holding you captive at some time."

"Ms. Crawford, did you read the fact that it was Justin's death certificate he had forged, and that we all thought he was dead for over a year and a half? He had tormented Justin, who was recovering from a brain injury, telling him the rest of us didn't love him anymore." As Brian spoke, Ms. Crawford's face changed. It was obvious she hadn't had time to read it carefully. 

"I think you can understand why I will never let my son go with him." Now it was Brian's turn to take Justin's hand and squeezed it comfortingly.

"Like I said, I just got your file and haven't had time to get all the details out of it. My para is going through it now and highlighting the details. How is your father related to your son?"

"Our son is biologically Justin's brother. His father had an affair with Justin's physical therapist assistant. Once she learned the truth about Craig's lies she wanted nothing to do with him and her plan was to give the baby up for adoption. Being the man Justin is, after talking to me, we asked if we could adopt him. Justin wanted to know his brother was well cared for and loved. I couldn't ask for more in a son, knowing the qualities Justin has."

Ms. Crawford smiled, "It is obvious to me how much you love each other and love your son."

"My father is still homophobic. Even if I trusted him to bring him back, he would be trying to brainwash Aaron each time he saw him. It would be far too confusing. But, my father no longer has a lot of ties to Pittsburgh. His reputation is shit, so I think he would take him and disappear."

"Your fears are legitimate. If you'll excuse me for a few minutes, I want to see if my colleague  has had a chance to speak to your father and review what you just told me. You may stay in here or there is a garden through that door. It should be in the shade right now and it is usually nice out there in the morning."

 

Ms. Crawford went out the same door she had come in and Justin stood, looking at Brian. "Let's go outside. I could use some fresh air."

Brian stood and before Justin could move toward the door, he put his arms around him. "Are you alright?"

"As good as I can be. I can't believe he is here. I can't believe that..."

"That felon thinks he has any right to our beautiful boy."

"I think she understands. She seemed to get it." Justin took one of Brian's hands and they walked out into the garden. They sat on a bench in a secluded corner. "I hate just sitting here, when I would rather be home with the kids. Next week I have to go back to work, and just sitting here..."

"Well, I think I can help make the time go faster." Brian gently put his hand on the back of Justin's head and slowly moved his mouth toward Justin's and began to explore his mouth. His tongue started at one corner of the lips and then gently moved it toward the other corner. Eventually he centered his mouth on his and Justin willingly opened his mouth to accept his tongue. Soon Justin adjusted his body and was now straddling Brian's thighs and they continued kissing, both remembering they were in public.

They lost track of time. It had been a half an hour when Ms. Crawford was at the door. "Excuse me, gentlemen, but I'm ready for you."

As Brian and Justin stood to face the lawyer, Brian glanced at the building. Under his breath he said, "Fuck!"

"What is it?" Justin asked and then followed where Brian was looking. In the window Craig stood with a grin on his face and his phone in his hand.

By now, although she hadn't heard him, Ms. Crawford could see they were both upset about something as they walked into the office. "What did I miss?"

"We felt like we were in a very private area and we felt we were appropriate but as we walked toward you, we saw Craig was watching us from the window and we are fairly sure he was recording us."

"You have to realize, he thinks we are an abomination and if there is any way for him to make it look wrong he will."

"A married couple in a private garden who are under stress and find comfort in each other are not doing anything wrong."

"By now we should be used to him. So what did you find out?" Justin changed the subject.

"Mr. Taylor is looking for visitation with his son every other weekend. I know there is a DNA test  proving he is the biological father. My colleague is using that as the main pull. That and the fact that the mother knew he was the father and didn't list him on the birth certificate." She flipped through some paperwork. "There is no doubt that the adoption was handled legally. I know you knew the mother, but it was her responsibility whether or not to list the father. There is nothing you should have done differently. The only other thing he is requesting is one week a year."

"After what you have told me, I wouldn't accept anything. I know we don't want to go to court and I promise, my team is starting to research his background and yours. We have to show due diligence. I don't think you are hiding anything but we need to prove that. They are filing with the court this afternoon. We will be given a date and it is usually two to three months in the future."

"That isn't going to work. We are scheduled to leave the country in six weeks. This has been scheduled for well over a month already. We will be leaving before the first of September and we plan to be gone for a minimum of two months."

"When the judge starts scheduling, I will let him or her know. I will do my best. But Brian, if I can't, I'm afraid you will not be able to go."

Brian saw Justin start to open his mouth but reached over and squeezed his hand. "We understand."

They talked about a few other details before, after checking where Craig was, they left the building. Once they got in the car, Justin said, "Brian, you just lied." 

"No, Justin. She said I wasn't able to go, not the family."

"You know that isn't what she meant."

"I do know that, but she was recording that conversation and if I have to, I will make her play it in court. She said I couldn't go. You and the kids will leave the day that is scheduled and if court goes sideways, you will go before that. In any case, we will all be in Ireland as planned."

Justin turned to Brian, as they still sat in the parking lot. "I love you, Brian Kinney. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Sunshine, we love each other. We love our kids. We love friends and family, and together we cannot be beaten."

 

Chapter 11 by Simply written

 

On Monday, Justin's new students had arrived and he was at the gallery with J.Jay and Sonya. By the end of the first week they had been given a court date. It was scheduled for the second week of August. Ms. Crawford had pulled some strings and got it expedited by letting the judge, who happened to be a fan of Justin Taylor's work, know Justin and his family were planning on a trip to Ireland to expand his work.  

The next two weeks Brian fielded phone calls from the lawyer's office while Justin went through another series of classes and another exhibit. There was one more group coming in, but these were high school students and they were from Atlanta. J.Jay and Sonya had agreed to run that one since it would overlap with the trial but Justin would pop in as often as he could. 

On Thursday, Justin had just brought Jessi in from the pool to put her down for a nap when he received a text message from the airlines. ‘Flight 2542 is running on time. Please be at the airport 2 hours before the flight.' He read it over a second time and then said, "Oh shit." He pulled a onesie over her head. "Sorry, sweetheart. I forgot Joan was coming. I also forgot to tell your daddy she was coming." Jessi patted Justin's face and then kissed his nose, sloppily. "I am going to have to tell your daddy. But it is too late to cancel her visit." He gave Jessi a snuggle and laid her in her crib. "Sleep, Sweetie and wish me luck. I meant to tell your daddy. I really did."

Justin left Jessi and moved towards the pool deck, but found Connie in the kitchen before going outside. He stopped when he saw her.

"Everything ok? You look a little upset. You didn't hear anything from your lawyer, did you?" She knew they were still hoping that Craig would back down. 

"Connie, remember when I told you I was inviting Brian's mother here for a few days?"

"Ya, you said he didn't want her to come but knew he would allow it because Gus wanted her to visit." She looked at him, straight in the eye. "Oh, Justin, you invited her and forgot to tell him."

"She will be here tomorrow and we have court starting on Monday. She will be here tomorrow and will need to be picked up at noon."

Connie looked out to the pool. Sonya, Rachel, Henry, and J.Jay were out there with Brian and the kids. I am heading to the store for a few. I'll send Brian in when I ask if anyone needs anything and when I get back, I'll get the guest room freshened up."

"Thanks, Connie." Justin looked at the clock. It was 2:00 p.m. but it was 5:00 somewhere. He pulled out two bottles of beer. And, after opening them, set them on the counter as he watched Brian walking toward the house. He was just in swim trunks and he looked like a bronzed god.  His hair had bleached, adding lighter streaks, and Justin felt a flutter in his chest and his balls. He picked up a bottle and took a long draw off of it just as Brian walked in.

"It's early for you, and drinking alone? What's wrong?" Brian was instantly worried.

"Not drinking alone for long." He handed Brian the second bottle. He took it but didn't take a drink. "Sunshine, you have a worried look on your face."

"Brian, you know I would never hide anything from you that is important, right?"

"Of course you wouldn't. What is it?" Brian held Justin's empty hand with his.

"We talked about your mom coming a month or so ago and how Gus really wanted her to visit."

"Is he asking for that again?"

"Brian, when we talked about it I set up a flight for her. I had planned to tell you about it but we got home and they sent us to Bermuda and..."

"When is she coming?" Brian asked as he pulled his hand away from Justin's.

"I'm picking her up at noon tomorrow."

"Fuck! Tomorrow?"

"Brian, I am so sorry," Justin walked close to him and reached for his cheek, resting his hand on it.

"Cancel it. Tell her she can't come." He jerked away from Justin's hand.

"Brian, I can't do that. She will be here in 24 hours. That's not fair." Justin stood up straight.

"Fuck fair. The fact is we will be in a hearing because of your father on Tuesday, I won't deal with her, too."

"Grow up, Brian." Justin was winding up now. "Our son would be devastated if she didn't come.  If you would think about him instead of your childhood hangups once in a while..." Justin stopped and the look on Brian's face told him everything he needed to know. He hadn't meant to say that. It wasn't true. Brian did so much for all of them. "Bri, I..."

"Glad to know how you really feel. Enjoy your time with my mother. I'll make sure I am out of here before she arrives."

"Brian, please, don't be this way. I'm sorry. I got angry. I know how much you do..." He stopped talking when Brian was out of sight. Moments later he heard drawers and doors slamming in the bedroom they shared and before he could decide whether he should follow him or not, Brian came back to the kitchen with a suitcase and without a word he moved through the family room and out the door. Justin heard the garage door go up and then, an engine started and as the motor got softer, Justin dropped onto a stool and dropped his head into his hands. What had he done? As he sat, thinking about what had just happened, he started getting angry. He had done nothing on purpose. He was under pressure, too. Fuck him! But what did this mean for the hearing? And where had Brian gone?

 

When everyone sat down for dinner that evening Brian's empty chair was obvious. "Daddy J., where's Daddy?"

"Oh, he had to go do something."

"Did he take a business trip?"

"Ya, something like that." Justin picked at his food and when it was time to get the kids ready for bed, he asked if Henry and Sonya could do that, assuring the kids he would be up for stories.

J.Jay stood and started clearing the table while Justin just sat staring into space. He stopped cleaning and sat down next to him and reached for his hand. "Justin? Can I do something?"

Justin slowly turned to J. and said, "No, not really. Brian overreacted and I said things I shouldn't have and now... the hearing is this week. My father will know something's going on. If he can't tell, his lawyer will have it figured out."

"Where is Brian?"

"I don't know. I thought he'd text me but he hasn't."

"You could text him."

"I didn't leave him. His mother arrives at noon tomorrow. That is the excuse I'm going to tell the kids. Gus doesn't understand it all but he knows his daddy and grandma don't talk. He will believe it as long as he doesn't see us together."

"Justin, I have never seen people more in love."

"But you have never seen a mother and son so far apart. Brian financially supports his mother as long as he doesn't have to interact with her."

"Then why is she coming?"

"Gus loves her and because of that, she loves him. It is important for him to know his family." Justin started to raise his voice and J. laid a hand gently on his arm having a calming effect. "Gus needs to know her," he said, all the energy out of his voice. "I better go read to the kids." Justin walked down the hall toward the bedrooms.

J.Jay paced back and forth until Henry and Sonya came back down. He moved over to him and gripped his arm tightly. Sonya saw the interaction and walked over, laying a hand on J.'s shoulder, "Let me know if I can help in any way." She left to go to the pool house.

"What is going on, babe?" Henry asked .

"Brian's left. They had a fight about his mom coming. Justin has no idea where he went. He is sick that Brian left and he is sick because this could affect the hearing."

"Well, let's see if we can at least find out where Brian is. You text Kevin. I'll text Brandy and Sal." Moments later Henry got a text back. ‘He's here and so is Father Kevin'.

 

"Brian, we can't help you if you won't talk to us." Kevin had been sitting next to his son for more than an hour and Brian had yet to acknowledge him. He had his head resting on his hands and his elbows on his knees just looking down at the floor. Brandy handed Kevin a bottle of water and tried to give one to Brian but he pushed her hand away.

"Fine!" Brandy turned and walked away. She moved to the kitchen and said to Sally, "I wonder if he always acts like such a child."

"Love," Sally turned and handed Kelin to her. "We don't have any idea why he is here although we now know something occurred at the house. Henry just messaged and said he doesn't know anything either except that Justin is a mess, too." She kissed Brandy and Kelin before saying, "I'm going to try talking to him. Why don't you make Kev a sandwich or something. He has to be hungry."

Sal walked into the living room and whispered, "Father Kev, let me have a few minutes. Get something to eat." She nodded toward the kitchen. Kev stood and kissed her cheek before walking to the kitchen.

Sally dropped to her knees and pushed her way between his legs, making him sit up a bit or fall onto her. He looked surprised and then their eyes locked. Before she said a word, she reached forward and hugged him. She felt a little resistance at first but then he was hugging her back. "Brian, what is going on? Why are you here and not with your kids and your husband?"

Brian sat up straight and offered his hand to Sally for her to sit next to him. Instead she grabbed an ottoman so she could see his eyes. She touched his cheek, "Tell me about it."

"My mother is coming tomorrow and he didn't tell me she was coming."

"That doesn't sound like Justin. He wouldn't do something like that on purpose. He would give you time to adjust to the idea."

"He says he forgot. He found out just before we left for Bermuda and then the asshole showed up and..."

"I have a feeling he wasn't thinking about your mother when you were in Bermuda."

"Well, no." Brian let his mind go back to that beach and that solid wood tub.

"Then what made you so angry?"

"He said I was selfish and needed to give up on childhood hangups. I don't have... I never..." He dropped his head in his hands again, "I have tried and I just can't shake it. I can't give up a childhood of pain."

Sally moved so she was sitting next to him and wrapped her arms around him. The woman who struggled with motherhood at first, had it down now. "But I know you love him."

"Of course I love him, but right now, while she is there, I can't even think about going back there."

"You need to talk to him. At least let him know where you are."

"You've already done that. Don't worry, I'll go to a hotel."

"The hell you will!" Brandy said as she and Kevin walked entered the room with a sandwich and a beer. "You'll stay in our spare room."

"Son, I'll stop by tomorrow. I am going to go to your place and sleep."

"Dad, let me... if he..." Brian couldn't complete any thought about Justin without saying he loved him so he didn't finish it. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"I love you, son," Kevin said as he left the house.

 

When Kevin arrived at the house, Justin was sitting on the deck with a glass of amber liquid. In the distance lightning was playing across the sky and from time to time he could hear thunder rumbling. He was lost in the memories of the night at the beach. Kevin came from the side yard and in the darkness of the night, with the storm rolling in, Justin saw only the silhouette. He jumped up and said, "Brian?"

"It's me, Justin." Kevin moved closer and his face was now out of shadow.

"Have you seen Brian? Do you know where he is?"

Kevin walked over to his son-in-law and wrapped his arms around him. Justin held on to him for a few moments before he stepped back. "He is fine. I saw him a little bit ago."

"I know I should have told him she was coming but I really forgot. We had our surprise vacation and Dad showed up before... I've been so involved making sure the last class was ready since I wouldn't be there and... Kevin, he got so angry and he thought I did it on purpose. That got me mad and I said some terrible things. I shouldn't have... but he wouldn't listen long enough to realize I hadn't done anything on purpose." Justin turned and took a couple steps away from Kevin and then spun around, "Maybe he is as selfish as I said he was. His mom is coming. The hearing is next week and the kids are already confused." The storm had moved in and the wind had picked up and then the sky opened with a torrent of rain.

"Justin, we need to go in the house. That lightning is dangerous."

"Damn," Justin reluctantly let Kevin lead him to the house. He walked straight to the cupboard that held the alcohol and poured a glass for Kevin and refilled his own. 

"That's not going to fix anything."

"It may not fix it but it helps me forget." Justin downed the liquid. "Who am I kidding?" He brought his arm back and was going to throw it but then thought better of it and set it on the counter. "I'm sorry but I'm not in any mood to talk."

"You don't have to talk but please listen for a couple minutes. I have heard you both say, more times than I can count, that you breathe for each other. Just remember that when you speak.  Words can hurt far more than anything physical you could do to each other." Kevin gave him a hug before Justin walked away without a word.

Kevin looked toward the sky, said a silent prayer. Then he realized the guest bedroom would be ready for Joan so went down the hall to share Gus' bed.

 

Neither Brian nor Justin slept much. As Justin finally fell into a fitful sleep at 4:00 a.m., Brian slipped out of his sisters' house with his suitcase and drove away. He drove aimlessly eastward. As he ran out of road and met the ocean in Savannah, Kevin knocked on Brandy and Sally's door. Sally met him with Kelin in her arms. As Kevin reached for his granddaughter, Sally said, "He's gone, Father Kev. We don't know when he left but when that little vixen woke up at 5:30, he was gone and he hasn't responded to our texts. I was hoping he went home but you wouldn't be here if that was true."

Brandy walked over and kissed Kevin's cheek as well as her daughter's. "Sal told you?"

"She did. Did he leave a note or anything?" As Kevin asked his question, all three cell phones in the room went off. 

Brian had sent a group text. It said, ‘I am fine. I am turning my phone off but will be in touch tomorrow.'

Kevin noticed Justin was included in the text. His son hadn't even sent a private message to his husband. This really wasn't good. Now he didn't know where Brian was and he wouldn't be able to talk to him. 

"Dad, can't phones be tracked?"

"If he turned it off, no, but we could see if they could tell us where he was when he sent this message but it will take a bit to find it, I think." Kevin thought for a moment. He kissed Kelin as he passed her to Brandy. "I better go back to the house. Justin has to be upset. I'll let you know if we hear anything."

"Please tell Justin if he needs anything, we're here. I know he has plenty of help, so maybe if he just needs to get away..." Sally said as Kevin walked to the car. 

Brandy put her arm around Sally and kissed her cheek. "What the hell is he thinking?"

"Brandy, he covers it up so well but he really is a hurt little boy. Justin didn't mean to cause this but now that it has happened Brian feels like a failure again."

"I know you're right but the timing is horrible for this to happen. Justin knows how to deal with him, but if he isn't here and Justin is worrying about the hearing plus dealing with Mommy Dearest."

"We'll see about going over there for dinner. At least we can support them all that way." Sally kissed Brandy. "Can we take a nap?"

"We just got up." Brandy looked at Sally's face. "Oh, a nap... Definitely. We definitely have time for that."

 

As Kevin drove over to the house, he called James. "Father Kevin, what's wrong?" 

Kevin filled him in and then said, "I know he turned off his phone but he sent us a message about 30 minutes ago. Is there a way for you to track where it came from?"

"Let me call our security team. I will get back to you. Father Kevin, how is Justin?"

"I am pulling up now. I'll let you know when you call back." Kevin entered the house and found Justin was sitting at the table with the kids along with Sonya and Henry. He looked calm and in control but Kevin could see emotionally he had shut down for everyone except his kids.  

"GRANDPA!" Gus called when he saw him. Aaron and Jessi followed with a ‘Papa' full of excitement. "Grandpa, did you know Grandma Joan is coming today?"

"I did hear that. That is so exciting." Kevin kissed all three of the kids and tried to squeeze Justin's shoulder but he pulled away. 

"Justin, I was wondering if you had time to pick Joan up or if you would like me to."

"I got it. Gus is coming with me. Henry and Sonya are going to watch the other two. Gus, why don't you go and get dressed. You can't go to the airport in your pajamas."

"I'll come along in case you need a little help. Is that alright?" Sonya asked as she stood.

"Thank you, I want to look good for Grandma." They walked hand in hand toward the bedroom.

"Justin, you got the text, right?"

"Of course I did," Justin said as he lifted Jessi out of her highchair. "Henry, if you will take these two and get them dressed for the day, I'll clean up the kitchen. Connie will be back by lunch."

Henry helped Aaron down and then took Jessi from Justin before walking out of the kitchen with them.

Kevin started to help clear the table while Justin put away the food. They nearly ran into each other by the sink and Kevin opened his mouth. "Don't say anything, Kevin. You don't know where he is, do you?" Kevin shook his head. "Then at the moment you can't help."

"James is trying to track his phone. He should be calling me back soon."

"What if we don't find him? What if he doesn't show up for the hearing?" Justin's voice cracked and then turned away. "I need to go get dressed. Gus and I will be leaving in about half an hour."

"I'll text if James finds out where he is."

"Don't bother. And when I get back with Joan, don't tell her he's left. I'll come up with a reason he isn't here if she asks. I told the kids he had to fly back to Pittsburgh for something. It will work for her too."

"Justin, I don't know what went on really, but I know my son and he will be back. He loves you and your kids. He is just working through something."

"He left because I lost my temper and said things I shouldn't have. I ran him off." Justin saw Kevin walking toward him. "NO, don't touch me. Please. I just can't..."

"Justin?" Kevin stood about six feet from him. Justin looked him in the eye. "I love Brian but I love you, too. I'm here if you need anything and whether you like it or not, I will be here most of the weekend, unless I need to go get him. I won't get in the way, but I'll be here if someone needs a grandpa." Justin nodded and disappeared down the hall.

 

"Jamesy, did you find Brian?" Emmett set a cup of coffee in front of his husband, kissing his dark mocha cheek.

"I think he is in Savannah. I am waiting for a credit card report." 

"How do you know how to do all this?"

"It's been a while, but it isn't difficult when you have people." He looked up with a sad smile on his face. I wish Brian could find his way out of his childhood. 99% of the time he can manage to do anything but then there is that 1% of the time when he becomes that broken child." James clicked on his computer and sat silently as he read the email that came in. 

"Well? He is in Savannah. The problem is he picked up a bunch of cash at the ATM so he isn't using the card around town."

"James, I'll buy your ticket. You need to go down and find him."

The door opened and Ronni walked in. "I need a baby fix. Where is my beautiful Amelia? Did I hear you say tickets?"

"Brian and Justin had a disagreement and Brian left Atlanta. I tracked him to Savannah."

"Why don't you both go? Take a few days down there. Just be back by the end of the week because Dante and I are going away."

"Oh, Mom," Em got up and hugged his mother-in-law. "Are you sure?"

"Of course I am. Em, you pack for the two of you. James, you get the tickets and I will pack for Amilia when she wakes. At least I am guessing she is sleeping."

"She is," James responded. "And thank you, Mom." James found tickets in moments. "Em, can we be ready in 20 minutes?"

"Yes, no problem. As long as we have our speedos we don't need much else." Em smiled at James.

"You will pack clothes for us." James added, "I want to show you off in Savannah."

"Alright, Love. Give me ten minutes. Do we have a flight?"

"First class was all that was left."

"Praise the lord."

 

Gus had sat in the back seat with his grandmother talking nonstop from the airport. Justin glanced in the mirror often and each time Joan was smiling at Gus and reacting to everything he said. "And Grandma, Jessi is walking. Can you believe that?"

"Well, that is exciting, Gus," Joan responded.

Justin pulled into the drive and as he pulled Joan's luggage out of the back, Gus showed his grandma that he could unbuckle himself from the carseat and they walked hand in hand with Justin behind them.

Kevin greeted them at the door, "Nice to see you, Joan," he said politely. 

"Grandpa, where are Jessi and Aaron? Grandma wants to see Jessi walk."

Kevin smiled at his grandson, "She will be awake soon enough. Why don't you take your grandma to her room. I think your daddy has already brought her luggage there."

Gus took her hand and led her away just as Justin returned. "James contacted me. He and Emmett are following a trail. He said they were going to Savannah but they don't know where he is in the city."

"If you want to go, Justin, I can stay here."

"But you and Joan..."

"Are adults that can spend time with our grandchildren together if we need to."

"Thanks, Kevin. I just don't... The hearing is four days away. What if he doesn't come back?"

"Justin," Kevin said, touching his son-in-law's chest. You know he loves you and you love him.  This is just something he needs to work through."

"But it is because of what I said. If he..."

"He loves you. He will be back before Tuesday."

"I hope so. I wish he would... I miss him so much but I can't deal with that now."

 

Brian checked into a hotel and left without knowing where he was going. He drove aimlessly and ended up near the beach. He found a bench and sat down. All he could think about was their trip to Bermuda and he knew he had failed Justin again. He knew Justin didn't mean what he said. He was angry, but after he said it Brian realized he really was failing his family. The idea of spending the week with his mother and the hearing, he was avoiding the situation just like he always did when it came to her.  

He wasn't sure how long he had sat there. When he snapped out of his haze he realized he was hungry and he walked to a small bar. He sat down and ordered a drink.

 

"So do we have a plan?" Emmett asked as they picked up a rental car and drove away from the airport. "I've had Connor calling all the hotels and we have a few to check out."

"Without tracking his card, how..."

"Connor sent his photo to several hotels and two of them had someone that fit his description and since he hasn't been using a card, I figured it'll be a hotel that wasn't too expensive."

"That makes sense."

It was the third hotel they stopped at that the young desk clerk said, "Oh, that's Kinney. I saw him leave earlier. I don't know if he came back. He's not in any trouble is he? He is quiet but he is still nice."

"Can you tell us his room number?" Emmett asked.

"Not if I want to keep working here. He has a wedding band on. Is he married?"

"He is. His husband is a gorgeous blonde."

"Figures. Is there a number I can reach you at?"

James handed him his card with his cell number on it. "Please give us a call if you can tell us anything and if nothing else, can you call us when he leaves? I'll make it worth your while."

Em and James walked toward the door and Em stopped, "One second, Babe." He went back to the desk and came back with a slip of paper."

"What's that?" James asked.

"Since we are in this historic city, I thought we could take a stroll and look for Brian's rental. I got the plate number."

James put his arm around Emmett's waist and said, "That was a great idea. I should have thought of that."

"We are going to find him in some dive, nursing a beer. He didn't come here for the architecture."

The men had walked through the nearby area but then went back to get their car and drove the other direction. They found a place to park and stood on the sidewalk. "Let's get an early dinner.  It's been a long day and we don't have a place to stay yet," James said. "I am getting really hungry."

"Sounds good but we do have a place to stay. When I asked for the license plate I told him to hold a room for us." He kissed James. "This city is beautiful." He turned toward the ocean which was only a couple blocks away. "James, there's his SUV!"

They spent the next half hour looking for him and finally James said, "Let's eat and then head back to the hotel. He's probably back there with a bottle of Jack."

They walked into a little bistro and were shown to a booth. They ordered drinks and were given a basket of bread and started studying the menu.

 

"Hey, do you serve food here?" Brian asked. "I'm not in the mood for pub food. I'm sure it's good but..."

The bartender smiled. "Is everything alright, buddy? Can't you smell the food? That door goes to our restaurant."

"Well, it's been one of those days," he said and walked into the bistro. It was early so he could be seated immediately. There were a few occupied booths and when the server started leading him to a table he asked if he could have a booth. Once he was seated, he ordered the special. He pulled out his phone and started flipping through pictures of the kids. Damn, he missed them. And then there was a picture of Sunshine at the first gallery show this summer. He could almost feel his skin sliding over his body and he wanted to cry.

 

James and Em ordered and carried on a conversation. They talked about Amelia. "I miss her so much." Em said softly.

"I do, too, but we know she is in good hands, and I have to admit, I hope we can find him so we can spend a couple days here." James reached across the table and touched Em's cheek. "It has been a long time since we have had time for just the two of us."

"We will start early tomorrow morning and get him straightened out and on his way back where he belongs."

 

As he started eating the food that had arrived at his table, he could hear two men talking softly.  Just from the tone of their voices he could tell they were in love. It made him hurt even more.  When the server came back and asked if he would like anything else, Brian said he wanted to pay for the other couple's meal if they hadn't paid yet. "Let me check with their server. I'll be right back."

His card was returned along with the receipt for the second table and one last drink. Brian was in no hurry to return to his empty room where he knew he would either wallow in pity or drink himself into a stupor or both.

 

"We're ready for our check," Em said as the server asked if they needed something else.

"Actually, the gentleman in the end booth paid for your meal."

"Why would a stranger pay for our meal?" James asked.

"He said he could hear you loved each other from the tone of your voices," the server said.  "And he gave me a great tip so don't worry about that." The door opened and more customers came in. "I need to seat them." She nodded and left the table.

"Well, we need to go thank that sweetie. That was so nice of him. I bet it is a little old man who has lost his husband and he misses him."

James and Em stood up and walked to the end booth. Em started talking before he could even see the occupant. "Sir, we want to thank you for..." he stopped. "BRIAN!"

 

Chapter 12 by Simply written

 

"What the..." Brian stopped as Emmett sat down across from Brian with James following. "I didn't invite you to sit," Brian grumbled without his normal sardonic wit.

James started the conversation. "Kevin called. Everyone's very worried about you."

"I've barely been gone for 12 hours."

"Brian, Sunshine is..." Emmett remembered Brian hated it when he called Justin that. In a gentle tone he continued, "Justin has a lot on his mind. Your m... With a visitor and the hearing coming up, he could really use you."

Brian visibly deflated in front of him. It was as if he had no fight left. "I know I am a screw up. I have always been a screw up but now with a family it means so much more. I always fear that he's going to realize what I fake I am." 

Brian emptied his glass. He held up his hand to the server but James shook his head at her.  "Let's go to your hotel. You go with Em and I'll drive yours back. I think you've had a couple too many."

"I could..." Brian stood, needing to reach for the table to stable himself. He looked at James and stopped. "Ok. I'm at..."

Em had stood and looped an arm around his waist. "We know, Bri. We are staying there, too." Em touched James' cheek. "We'll see you back at the hotel later." 

James understood. Emmett might take him somewhere to talk before returning. "That'll be fine.  I'll call Mom and check on Amelia." Emmett reached to kiss James, still leaving an arm around Brian to stabilize him.

"Love you, James." Em said as he walked with Brian to the door. James followed close behind, separating when they got to the sidewalk. "Here's the car, Brian." Em opened the door and made sure Brian got in safely but didn't want him to feel smothered.

Once Em had pulled out into traffic, Brian said softly, "Have you talked to him?"

"No. James has been in contact with Kevin, and he may have talked to Justin for a couple minutes but he has gone into defense mode. You know what I mean. You know him better than I do."

"I wonder sometimes. The things he said, now I know I deserved it but... I just wonder how much he actually feels that way."

Emmett pulled into a beachfront parking lot. "Let's take a walk."

"I can't do that. I tried that this afternoon. I just can't. I keep thinking about Bermuda and Sunshine and..."

"Fine, we can sit on that bench and talk."

"Can't we just..."

"Kinney, I left my baby in Pittsburgh to come find you. This morning I had a weekend planned of staying home with my family and now I am sitting at the beach listening to the waves. Okay, so this weekend isn't so bad but, Brian, this is not where you belong this weekend. I know you don't want to hear it but you belong with your family and your mother. Now get out of this vehicle and we will go sit on the bench." Em got out of the car and waited for him.

Brian followed Emmett. "That woman may have given me birth but Kevin is much more of a parent than she ever was."

Em linked his arm with Brian's and led him down to the bench. "Brian, I know your childhood was shit. So was mine, even though it was very different. I could always find a family member for security so I ran home. You ran away from home and landed at Debbie's. But Brian, we are now both amazingly blessed. We have families that love us no matter what. They will always be there for us and you know what is best? They miss us when we're not around." Emmett looked over at Brian and could tell he was really listening. "Brian, going back now doesn't mean everything has been resolved, but it does mean that you want it to be."

"Now, I just need to figure out how to do that."

 

Once James got in Brian's car and saw Em and Brian pull away he called Kevin. "Did you find him? Please tell me you know where he is."

"He is fine, Kevin. We found him in Savannah. Emmett is talking to him right now. I can't tell you much more right now. Can you let Justin know, and the girls, and we will call you in the morning.  Tell Justin, we won't let him alone tonight. One of us will always be with him."

"Thanks, James. I know the two of you understand Brian."

"I'll try to get him to call you in the morning. When we found him, he had been drinking so I am sure he will be asleep soon."

"Justin just put the kids down and I hear him coming so I'll talk to you in the morning. And James, thank you."

"James! That was James? Did they find him? Is he alright?" Justin rushed over and grabbed Kevin's phone out of his hand.

"He has hung up, Justin, but Brian is with them. He is safe and they will be with him all night. They will call us in the morning."

"I am so relieved, but I am also angry that he left like that."

"Who left?" Joan walked into the kitchen.

"Gus fell asleep? He has to be tired after talking as much as he did today," Kevin smiled pleasantly.   

She smiled, "He is such a sweet little boy. I don't know how Brian could be..."

"Joan, don't say it!" Justin snapped. Brian is the one who is gone. He left because he didn't want to deal with your bullshit. Brian is the best man I have ever met. He is kind and generous. He has so many people who depend on him, including you. Knowing you would come with all your bullshit just tipped him over the edge. Gus is what Brian would have been if he had been loved and nurtured." 

Before Justin could continue Kevin placed a hand on his shoulder. "Justin, this isn't going to help."

"I know you're right, Kevin. I think I better go to my room. I'm not very good company tonight.  Joan, I won't apologize for what I said but I do apologize for speaking to you that way." Before Joan could reply, Justin left.

She accepted a glass of wine that Kevin offered her. "The night has cooled off for a change.  Why don't we enjoy it?" He picked up the bottle of wine and his glass and together they walked out to the deck.

"So Brian deserted his family?"

"Joan, why can't you give that up. It wasn't his fault that he was born because of our tryst. And it is somewhat understandable why Jack felt as he did, but you, you gave birth to him."

"He was just ..."

"The spitting image of me and since you couldn't have me you didn't want him?"

"If I am honest, I just didn't know what to do." She looked off into the distance and said, "I was never a nice person. Anna got all that. That is probably why you fell in love with her. I was jealous of her handsome soldier. I already had one child and Jack had already started drinking copious amounts of alcohol. It wasn't my fault. I couldn't do it all on my own. I wasn't strong."

"Brian has told me you were very strong sometimes." He stared at her until she looked at him.

"I can't change the past. I am happy to have a relationship with his kids."

Kevin didn't want to lose his temper. He knew Joan had been damaged somehow. "Have you ever thought about apologizing or at least trying to make amends?"

"He won't accept anything. I have tried."

Not very hard, Kevin thought. "I am so proud of him. He is generous to a fault and he and Justin are two of the best parents I have ever seen. You can see that in their personalities. Even little Jessi is already so loving."

"Ya, they are great children."

They both sat quietly sipping their wine. After several minutes Joan softly said, "They are good parents." She then stood and said, "I have had a long day." She then smiled softly, "Those kids will keep me hopping tomorrow." 

Kevin thought he heard a different tone in her voice. He knew he got by with the conversation because he was a priest. He hoped, before she died, she and Brian would make peace. She didn't seem to need it, but Brian did. He needed a relationship with her. They didn't need to be close, but congenial would be nice.

 

Brian and Em sat on the bench for an hour. They talked about the old days. "Brian, did you know Justin was different that first night?"

"Different? Well, I knew I wanted to fuck him again."

"So there was something different about him."

"All you had to do was look at him to know he was special. Seeing him standing on that street, I knew I would be his first and I knew it would be good for my ego. I told him to always think of me when he had sex. "Who knew he'd be the only one I wanted?"

"What did he say that made you leave?"                    

"I lost my shit when he said Joan was coming. He had every right to be upset with me, and after he said I was selfish, I couldn't figure out what he wanted me to do. I know now he meant I was selfish not wanting to share my kids with her. When I was at Sal and Brandy's I thought about what he really meant and maybe I am selfish. I want things done my way. I know that's because I had no control for so long that now I want it all."

"Brian, you share control with Justin. You both have a say in your family and you both have different strengths and you defer to each other."

"Thanks, Emmett, but we butt heads..."

"Every couple has those kinds of arguments," Em draped his arm around Brian. They sat in silence, watching the moon gleam across the ocean. He was surprised when Brian's head dropped on his shoulder. "I think it is time we get you back to the hotel and tomorrow morning we will talk about getting you back to Atlanta."

Em stood and offered Brian a hand. He took it and they walked back to the car. Emmett opened the door for him and before getting in he looked at his old friend. "Thanks, Em. I am sorry I pulled you away from Amelia. I'm sorry all of this happened."

"I'm sorry you two had a fight, but as long as you behave and go back to Justin, James and I plan to spend the rest of the weekend in this amazing city." By the time they pulled into the hotel parking lot, Brian was sounds asleep. Em texted James to help him get Brian to his room.  Twenty minutes later Brian was tucked into bed and James and Em lay on the second bed in his room.            

"How is he? I mean is he ready to go back to Atlanta?" James asked as he wrapped his arms around Em, pulling him close. 

"I think he needs to talk to Kevin and maybe Justin, but I think he will be ready to go back tomorrow afternoon." Em's hand slipped into the front of James' shorts and began to stroke him softly. "And how is the most precious girl in the world?"

"Amelia is fine. I heard her say dada in the background." Em started kissing James' neck. "Hey, Brian is sleeping right there."

"Trust me, he isn't waking up until morning but something else is." Em ducked under the blankets while James shimmied out of his briefs. Soon James was grabbing a pillow and covering his mouth so as he climaxed into Emmett's skilled mouth, his noise would be minimal. Em removed the pillow from James' face and James flipped him so he was flat on his back and James kissed him until he was ready to explode. Em rushed to the bathroom and returned in a matter of a couple minutes. "Didn't want sticky sheets all night," he said, kissing James once more. Within minutes both James and Emmett had fallen asleep entwined in each other's arms and legs.

 

Brian woke up before the sun and, realizing he was still dressed from the night before, he grabbed the keys to his car off the desk and quietly walked out of the room. He drove back to the same beach they had been at last night, and after slipping off his shoes, started walking. Since it was so early, there were very few people out yet so he just dropped where he was into the sand. He had his phone with him but it was still off. He pressed the button and it lit up. Once it had rebooted several messages came in. Most of them had come in just after he had turned his phone off but one message had come in about three that morning. ‘Brian, please call me. We need to talk. The kids miss you. I miss you.'

Brian pressed a button and listened to the phone ring. "Brian?" Justin answered and if Brian wasn't mistaken, he had been in a deep sleep. 

"I woke you." Brian made it a statement.

"Please come home. You don't have to talk to her. We will work this out but I need you here for the hearing."

‘I shouldn't have left. I was selfish."

"Oh, Brian, I am so sorry I said that. You are never selfish."

"Sunshine, I love you."

"I love you, too. Come home?"

"I'll be home later today. I'll let you know when I'll be back."

 

"Where is he? Oh, shit, Justin is going to kill us." Emmett had jumped up when he saw the bed was empty. He went over and touched the sheets. "The bed is cold. He's been gone for a while."

While Em talked, James was pulling on clothes. "Are his keys gone?"

Em looked at the desk, "Yes, what if he ran again? Who knows where..."

James put his arms around him and kissed him, stopping the rambling. "You said he was good last night. I will go look for him. You stay here in case he comes back. I'll let you know when I find him." 

Em pulled him close for one more kiss. "I love you,"

"Love you, too," James said as he walked out the door.

Em grabbed his phone, not knowing if Brian had his own, but he texted him, ‘Brian Kinney, where are you? You are not where you are supposed to be!'

 

James arrived at the beach and saw Brian's car. He moved to the beach and looked in both directions. When he looked one direction he saw a sole man walking in his direction. He couldn't be sure but the man was built like Brian so he was fairly sure it was him. As he moved toward the man, the sun rose above the horizon and James was sure it was Brian, now."

"Hey, James." Brian waved as he walked. "Will you tell your husband you found me? He just texted me in a snit." 

James shot a message to Em and then looked at Brian. "I'm glad I found you. I thought it was you."

"Well, when I saw you, I knew it was you. There aren't many men with your physique. Not sure how Em snagged a man that looks like you."

"Brian, you're lucky I know you like him. Emmett has a heart bigger than anyone I have ever met and he has a body that..."

"Enough! I don't need to hear about his body. I do know he is a good guy and he has been a good friend."

"He was worried you had changed your mind and had headed somewhere this morning."

"I couldn't sleep and didn't want to wake the two of you so I just left. I called Sunshine." Brian was silent for a minute. "I told him I would be there sometime today."

"So you two are alright?" James put a hand on Brian's shoulder as they started walking back to their vehicles.

"We have some things to work out, mostly I do, but we need to be together with the hearing coming up. He has new students coming in that J.Jay will be taking care of, but Justin will want to meet with them, too.  And whether I want to or not, I need to talk to Joan."

"I'm so glad you two are talking. Let's drop off one of the vehicles, pick up Em, and get some breakfast."

"Sounds good. I'll meet you at the hotel."

 

Justin had breakfast made for the whole house when Connie arrived. "Either you couldn't sleep because you are so worried or you have heard from him and were too excited to sleep."

"James and Em found him in Savannah and he called me before sunrise. He is coming home. I don't know if he will stay here or with the girls or at the gallery but at least he will be here. I think Dad knows he left and I am sure he will try to use that against us. When we arrive as a united front, it will knock them off balance and I just want to see him. Right now I would give up a week of food for one kiss."

"I have a feeling you will be full tonight." Connie gave Justin a hug. "You know he loves you."

"I do, Connie, and I love him. I just wish I could help him and Joan make peace."

"You know that is something they will have to do on their own."

"I do." Justin said and he turned toward the hallway, hearing something.  

Then there was a blur rushing toward him. "Daddy!" Justin's mini me flung himself against his legs. Justin picked him up and snuggled him close. "Is Papa home?"

"Not at the moment, my love, but he will be home later."

"He swim with me?"

"If he gets home early enough, I am sure he will swim with you." Justin held onto his son for a few more moments before he said, "Are you hungry? I made breakfast."  

"Pannerckes?"

"Yes, Aaron, pancakes."

"Wif strawberries?"

"And blueberries, if you like." Soon Gus and Joan arrived and then Henry with Jessi. Justin could smile again. Brian would be home tonight.

 

Brian, James, and Emmett ate breakfast in a small diner. They talked about the kids and Britin.  And as they finished up, Em said, "Bri, you will drive back to Atlanta, won't you? I mean you won't just end up in Florida, will you?"

"No, Emmett, but I understand why you are asking. I wouldn't put him through that again."

"I believe you. Brian, I know how much you love him. The time he was missing, I know how hard that was for you and I know you left because you thought it was best for him. You let your emotions fuck you up but you know where you belong."

The men walked out and stopped on the walk. "Thank you," Brian said softly. "Em, I know we haven't always gotten along, but you were always straight with me, whether I wanted you to be or not. You are what a real friend is. James, take good care of him."

"I will, Brian." 

Brian took a couple more steps, "Oh, by the way, I called and got you a suite at the Perry Lane Hotel. Stay as many nights as you want. Just let them know when you plan to leave." Brian dropped into the car and took out his phone. He texted Justin. ‘Leaving now. I should be home around 2.  I'll text when I am about an hour out.'

 

James and Emmett collected their things from one hotel and after dropping their luggage at the front desk to be brought up to their room, they went to the beach and walked, first talking a bit, but then fell into a comfortable silence, thinking about the evening ahead.

 

"Are you sure that is smart?" Justin asked Connie.

"I do. You and Brian need time to talk. You both know you need some time, talking, and I do mean talking. I know it is none of my business but it's my opinion you might need to take a break until the hearing is complete. You both need to focus on what happened and on getting Aaron free and clear of Craig."

"I think you're right. I'll have him meet me at the gallery so we can talk everything through."

"Thanks, Connie. We will order pizza for everyone for dinner tonight and let the kids know we will be here to swim before eating."

"I will let them know."

 

Justin texted Brian and asked him to meet him at the gallery. Justin was there about half an hour before Brian should arrive. He had picked up a large bottle of sparkling water and some cheese and crackers. And although Brian might think it was stupid, he picked up a single red rose for him. As hard as it would be, he agreed with Connie, it would be best to focus all their energy on what they needed to focus on, Aaron and Joan.

Brian pulled up to the gallery. He had stopped and picked up two dozen roses as soon as he got to the city and now Justin was walking out the door to meet him. Why was he nervous? He stood and, carrying the armful of flowers they met halfway between the car and the building.

"Oh, Brian, they are crazy beautiful."

"So are you." Brian handed the flowers to him and then resting one hand on Justin's cheek, he leaned forward and gave him a featherlight kiss. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left."

"What's important is that you are here now and we are ready to fight for our son." Justin took Brian's hand and they entered the gallery together. "I haven't seen Dad but I feel like he has someone following me."

"How much misery has Joan caused?" Justin led Brian to a sofa and they sat down, neither letting go of the other's hand.

"The kids love having her around," Justin said softly. "Bri, I wish I could do something to help you through this. I understand why it is hard for you. I do. But our kids..." He felt Brian tense a bit. "I am sorry for what I said. I don't even know what I all said but I know I called you selfish and you are anything but selfish." Justin put a hand on Brian's cheek. "I love you so much." He kissed him gently. Brian deepened the kiss, pulling Justin close but soon Justin was pulling back. "Brian, we can't do this. We both know we still have some things to work through. I'm not throwing this back at you, but once and for all you need to settle this. You don't have to like her but she will always be part of our family."

Brian stood and started pacing around the sofa. Justin saw the look on his face and worried he had pushed it too far, but he knew that was the only way this wouldn't happen again. Justin stood and wrapped his arms around Brian's waist from behind and kissed his back. Brian stood motionless for a full minute and then he finally said, "You're right. If I can't let it go, I really am as selfish as you said I was." He turned and slipped his arms around Justin.

"I'll be there to help in any way I can. If you want me to talk to her I will, but this can wait until after the hearing. I think focusing on Aaron is all we can do right now." Justin noticed something over Brian's shoulder. "There he is!" Justin started moving to the door.

"There ‘who' is?"

"The man that has been tracking me." Before he could finish the sentence Brian was out the door, and then, with the man walking away very nonchalantly, Brian tackled him to the ground before he made it to the parking lot. Justin ran up just in time to stop Brian from hitting him. 

Brian looked at the guy, "Tell the asshole you work for that he doesn't have a prayer and he doesn't really want Aaron, anyway. He just doesn't want us to have him." Brian yanked the guy up to his feet.  

"Just tell my dad that he doesn't have enough love for our son. He has two fathers that would give their lives for him. Craig nearly took my life because of his ‘love'."

"I think I..." the man started to say.

"I don't give a fuck what you think. Get the hell off these grounds." Brian gave him a gentle shove toward the cars. He jogged to his car and was gone. "I want to see our kids. I will do my best to stay neutral with her until Aaron is ours."

"Thank you, Bri."

"And I am going to talk to our lawyer, letting him know what just happened."

 

The rest of the day was for the kids. They all were out by the pool. Joan played with Jessi from her spot under an umbrella while Brian and Justin were in the pool playing with boys. There were hugs and kisses between the fathers and their sons and more than once Brian saw his mother watching them. She seemed to watch all four of them and their interactions. 

After the kids went to bed, Brian and Justin sat outside and talked quietly but when it was time to go to sleep, Brian went into the boys' room and slept there. They were repairing hurt feelings and would come out stronger for it in the end. 

The next day was much the same. Connie got in the pool for a bit and then went and sat by Joan. "Are you having a nice time?" she asked the solemn woman.

"Yes, I am. Brian always does live in luxury."

"He has worked hard for everything he has. From what I understand from the time he left college he took care of himself and helped with your bills."

Joan stiffened, "I didn't know Jack was doing that. He never told me that."

"But he does pay most of your bills now, doesn't he?"

"Well, yes, but that is what a son should do for his mother."

"Why, because his mother always did so much for him? I have seen you watching them ever since Brian got home. What are you thinking?"

"Connie, I don't think that is any of your..."

"You're right. I just want you to realize what a wonderful family they make. You had a traditional marriage and how was that? This is one of the happiest families I have ever met, and your son and son-in-law are committed to their kids and to each other." Connie stood, "I'm sorry, I really overstepped. I am just a bit protective of them. Excuse me, I am going to start dinner."

 

On Monday Brian and Justin spent the morning at the lawyer's office. Craig would be coming to talk to his lawyer after 1:00 so they would be gone by then. Their attorney went over key points and reviewed all Craig's allegations. The most damning for Brian and Justin was the last couple days. The PI knew Brian had disappeared and then returned.

"But the fact that he had us followed..." Justin started saying.

"Yes, the fact he had you tracked is not going to play well for him." 

They went over several details and how questions should be answered and then they went out for lunch. After they ordered, Brian took Justin's hand, "Is it my imagination or has Joan been extra quiet."

"Well, I don't think she has ever been a big conversationalist when it comes to us. She said she is planning to come to the hearing tomorrow. You don't think she would support Craig, do you?"

"I don't put anything past my mother." Brian said, squeezing his hand.

"I don't think she would do anything that would hurt Gus, and losing Aaron would hurt him greatly."

"You're right, Sunshine. I have to admit I think she really does love the kids and she seems to have a grandmotherly feeling for them."

"Brian, tomorrow, no matter what happens, I want you back in our bed. I miss you."

"I can't wait to be there. Why do you put up with all my shit?"

"Because along with your shit is an amazing soul of a human." Justin stood and kissed him.  "Now it is time to get to the house. I have to make sure today went well for J.Jay and that I don't need to adjust something tonight so he and Sonya can continue with this class."

 

That night they stood outside of the master bedroom kissing and talking softly like teenagers at the front door but when they finally said goodnight and they both went to bed, they both lay awake until well after midnight hoping for the best outcome.

 

Chapter 13 by Simply written

 

Tuesday morning Brian was surprised to see his mother already in the kitchen when he walked in. "Would you like a cup of coffee?" Joan asked. Her voice was softer than he expected.

Brian looked at her curiously. "Sure," he was wondering what she wanted. "Forgive me, but I don't know if you ever made a cup of coffee for me."

"Brian, I want to go to the hearing today."

"Why?" Brian accepted the cup. "You have never cared what happened to my family."

"Joan, of course you can come." Justin said as he walked in and kissed Brian, squeezing his shoulder gently.

"He's right. It is good for you to come along. Gus would wonder why you didn't come along." Brian didn't see Joan flinch but Justin did. "What's for breakfast?" Brian changed the subject.

From nowhere, Connie appeared. Give me fifteen minutes and we will have eggs, sausage, and sweet rolls."

"Bri, why don't we go take a quick shower while we have time."

"Sunshine, are you sure that is a smart idea? I mean..."

"Come on." Justin pulled him along. 

Once they entered the bedroom, Brian pulled him close and kissed him. "I want you so bad. I am not sure I can stand in a shower with you without..."

"You can because we are both focused on our family and I'm glad you agreed to having your mom come. She really seems to be trying." As Justin talked they both undressed and strode into the shower.

"Why do you think she is trying?" Brian began to wash Justin's back but was also kissing his neck.

"When you questioned why she wanted to come, she looked like you hit her and she didn't come back with a nasty comment. Connie talked to her yesterday."

"What did she say to her?"

"I have no idea but she seems different." Justin turned and quickly washed Brian's back and they both rinsed off before drying off and then slipping into robes so they could eat breakfast and then dress.

Henry had the kids up and Joan was feeding Jessi while he sat between the boys. Justin noticed Brian watching her as they ate breakfast. Once they were back in the bedroom Brian said, "I think you might be right. I'm not sure I trust her yet but there is something different in her actions and I don't think she is that good an actress."

"I agree. Now we need to get dressed. We need to leave in less than an hour."

 

Brian and Justin arrived at the courthouse an hour before the hearing was scheduled to start.  Kevin and Joan would be there for the hearing itself but there was no reason for them to be early. As they walked into the section of the building the hearing would be held, they saw Craig standing just inside the door.

"Justin, I need to talk to you. We can make this much simpler."

"Get the fuck away from him. He doesn't..."

"Bri, I want to talk to him, just stay close by."

"Are you sure?"

Justin kissed his cheek. "I need to do this once and for all." He turned and moved toward his father. Brian leaned against a wall, letting Craig know he was paying attention to anything he did. "What do you want, Dad? You have five minutes before Brian and I have to meet with our lawyer."

"I just want to get to know my son."

"I am the only son you have, and you have made it clear you want nothing to do with me."

"I just want to make sure Aaron realizes what a normal includes."

"By a normal life, do you mean having a father that is willing to kidnap his own child? You will never be left alone with my boy. I would never, and I mean NEVER let you near him. No one should have to suffer through that kind of pain. Aaron knows what love is."

"Justin, I have come to the reality that you are not going to change, but Aaron needs to understand what a normal man thinks. He will need to know what it takes to be a successful man."

"So, Dad, what do you consider successful? Brian is retiring before his 40th birthday. You can't even imagine making that kind of money, and the last painting I sold went for a six digit sum.  When was the last time you made that kind of money?"

"Money doesn't make a man, it is character."

"Dad, are you saying that a financially strapped kidnapper who has no one to support him is better for a child than a family with two loving fathers and grandparents and siblings. Dad, you screwed ..."

"Justin!" Craig cut him off. "You have lost all respect. How dare..." 

"It is time to go, Justin. He doesn't deserve any of your time." Brian took Justin's arm.

"You didn't have any time for him either. You just got up and left this week. You..."

Justin moved to Brian and linking his arms with him, they moved toward the conference room where they were to meet their attorney. He can't really think he has a chance, does he?" Brian commented as he slammed the door to the room they were to meet in. "He is just so..."

"Babe, please don't talk about him. He just doesn't deserve our time or anger."

When their lawyer arrived she wasn't happy Justin had talked to his father. She knew Craig thought he had something important to use against them but they weren't sure what it was. "Since you did talk to him, did he say anything to give us a clue?"

"The only thing he really mentioned was that Brian had left for a couple days."

"So somehow he will try to call it abandonment."

"That won't get him anywhere, will it?"

"It may, but with the proof he had you followed, I doubt it will help him. Our biggest issue is still the fact that he was not listed on the birth certificate so there was never a chance for him to adopt Aaron."

"He was on his way to prison. Would it have been better for Aaron to be in foster care while Craig was locked up?" Brian questioned.

"That is one of the points I plan to make. Your father is coming, right?"

"Yes, he is. And you should probably know, my mother is coming too."     

"I thought she wasn't really part of your life," the attorney commented.

"No, but she is a part of my children's lives. They love her and she seems to love them, too." Brian stood and looked out the window. 

Justin walked over and rested his hands on Brian's shoulders, "She does love them. She is a hard woman to figure out but she has found a soft spot for them."      

There was a soft knock on the door. "The judge will be in the hearing room in about 10 minutes."

"Thank you. We are on our way." Their lawyer commented and then she said, "Gentlemen, are you ready to claim your son?"

"We are," Justin said with determination. "Come on, Brian. Let's claim our son."                     

As they walked into the hearing room, they looked at the small group of people in the room. To their surprise, Joan was sitting behind Craig's table. "What the fuck?" Brian said softly to Justin.  As they moved close to their table Brian stopped at Kevin. "What is going on?"

"I'm not sure. Once we got here, she disappeared and when I saw her again, she was sitting by him." He nodded toward Craig.                      

Justin felt Brian's whole body go rigid. "Brian, it doesn't matter. She can't say anything that will hurt us." They all moved to the front table just as the judge walked in.   

Justin couldn't stop himself from looking over at Craig and Joan. She wasn't talking to him but she seemed to be paying close attention to the judge when he started speaking.  

"Mr. Taylor," he nodded at Craig and then looked over at Brian and Justin. "Mr. Kinney and Mr. Taylor, I have reviewed all the records from your previous times in court. Would you mind Justin, if I call you by your first name to make it less confusing for our court reporter?"

"Yes, your honor. That would be fine." 

For the next thirty minutes the judge reviewed everything he felt was important in the records. Once he had finished that, he looked over at Craig. "Mr. Taylor, you obviously have a history with your oldest son. You ended up going to prison because of your behaviors. Why are you interested in your second son?"

"Well, your honor, Justin was very young when he met his husband and after his brain injury, I felt Mr. Kinney would try to lead him in places he didn't want to go but he would because his judgment could be swayed."

The judge jotted down some notes. "So all of that was for Justin's safety?"

"Yes, sir."

"Over the past three years, including the year and a half you were in prison, do you feel that Justin is safe with his husband?"

"I have realized they are a true couple. In their own way they love each other.

"And why do you want Aaron? From everything I have read, you were never a hands-on father."

"I just want him to know what kind of life he could have in a normal situation."

As this conversation had continued both Brian and Justin had gotten more angry. Their lawyer leaned over and softly said, "Hang in there. It will be our turn next."     

"Before I start focusing on your son and son-in-law, is there anything else you would like to say?"

"Well, I think you will want to speak to Brian's mom before the end of this hearing. She can tell you the real character of her delinquent son."

The judge was not happy with his comments. "I will ask others personal opinions as soon as I speak to Justin and Mr. Kinney."    

Brian and Justin's lawyer stood and asked the judge if they could meet in his office for a couple minutes. He looked around and then said, "We will have a 15 minute break and then we will reconvene. "I will be in my office in five minutes." The judge said to the lawyers. "You have ten minutes to discuss whatever you have to talk about."

The break ended up being 30 minutes before the judge and the lawyers returned to the hearing room. "That was an interesting break. Mr. Taylor, it has been brought to my attention that you hired someone to trail your son in the last couple of weeks. May I ask why you did this?"

"I had a feeling that he might try to leave the country. And instead I found out that Brian had left. How can I trust him with my son when..." Craig's lawyer tried to get him to be quiet. "I don't think I did anything wrong. And knowing Brian's mother arrived, I needed to know what they were planning. Joan is here today because she knows what a loser her son is."

Joan looked surprised when she heard Craig's comment. The judge saw her look but continued on, with Brian and Justin's lawyer telling their side. After she had told their side the judge looked at Brian and Justin. "Do you have anything else to add? Or can you add anything to your unscheduled departure?"

"Sir, we were both very stressed with the hearing coming and then Joan visiting," Justin smiled at her softly, "Brian and Joan don't always see eye to eye, but no matter what, he is always there for his children and for me. I know my father will never be happy that I didn't find a nice little girl to marry, but my soul will always belong to him. And Joan, well, she may not agree with our love either, but she has learned to love our children"

"Mrs. Kinney," the judge began, "When Mr. Taylor spoke, he said you might have something to say about your son and his family. Is there something you could add to all of this?"

Joan took a deep breath and then stood up, looking over at Brian and Justin. "Sir, I have to admit that I was not a good mother, and my husband, well, he was also not the best father. We didn't realize he was different. We were both very strict and he ended up with far more paddlings than he should. Brian was very strong willed, but after he graduated from school he went to college and then got a job where he made plenty of money, and my husband would get some money from him to gamble. I'm sorry, I'm going on. What I really want to say is, Brian left to have a little time to figure out what his family would need from him."

After Joan took a deep breath, "He returned, and for the first time, I saw what a good man he is.  He obviously loves his children. We never gave him the gentleness he shows his children every day. I never thought I would say something like this but I am so proud of my son. He has the perfect spouse and together they are raising three amazing children. I know I am not the person to make a judgment, but I don't feel like my grandkids could be in a better home. "

"What are you saying?" Craig jumped up even as his lawyer tried to get him to sit down.

"Mrs. Kinney, did Mr. Taylor try to get you to support his point of view?"

"What he asked was that I should think about this poor little boy, and he would give Aaron a much better home life. I can't agree with that. Aaron needs his dads and his brother and sister."  Joan moved across the aisle and she sat next to Kevin.

The judge flipped through a couple documents and then addressed the whole room. "We are done for the day. Tomorrow I will make a decision for you. This hearing will begin at 10:00 a.m." He stood and he left through a back door.                                

Brian stood and turned to face his mother. "Joan... Mom, thank you for telling the judge that we are a family."

"Son," Joan  said, "I am so sorry that we... that I treated you the way I did. Claire ended up just like me, but you and Justin always put your children first and that is touching."

Brian reached out and gave his mother an awkward side hug. "Let's go home. I am sure Gus is ready for some grandma time."                

Joan rode home with Brian and Justin. Kevin had to stop by the shelter and said he would be at the house for dinner at 6:00. He offered to pick up pizzas but they were sure Connie had something planned so they all went their separate ways. As Brian drove, the car was quiet for several minutes. Justin finally said, "Thank you, Joan. It was very kind of you to tell the judge..."

"I have never been kind. I was never a loving mother. It wasn't Brian's fault how he was conceived, but I kept trying to blame him. I have been so taken with Gus, well, all your kids, but I look at Gus, so much like his daddy, and I realize I never gave anything to Brian that gave him a happy childhood."

Justin noticed Brian was slowing down and then he pulled into a parking lot next to a business that was no longer open. He put the car in park, got out, and walked away. "Joan, I'll go talk to him."

"No, I think it is time for me to face him." Joan opened the car door and followed her son around the side of the building. She nearly ran into him because he had stopped walking as soon as he had gotten out of sight.  

Brian leaned against the wall and, although he heard someone following him, he expected it to be Justin so he was surprised to see his mother. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and after taking one out he lit it.

"I didn't know you smoked anymore," Joan said softly.

"I don't. Well, I do when I am stressed. I bought a pack when I left this week."

"Brian, I know there is nothing I can say that makes what I did alright. I look at sweet Gus and he looks so much like you at that age, except you were always scared. I know that was because of me. I was a bitter woman who...

"Chose to take out her miserable life on a child? As a kid, Jack despised me. When he realized I had made something of myself, he learned to put up with me because of what I could give him."

"Brian, I didn't know he was doing that. I would have never let him..."

"Yes, you would have! You always stood up for him."

"I had to. He would have told everyone about Kevin." Joan turned away from him. "I am sorry, Brian. You were always my son. I don't know why I didn't stand up for you. I was never strong. I couldn't have worked and raised two kids. It was a different time." Brian noticed she was very shaky and guided her to a stack of wood she could sit on. "I know there is nothing I can do to make up for what I did, but I am hoping I can show I have changed by loving your kids the way I should have loved you."

"Joan," he saw her stiffen. "Mom," his voice was quiet, "I'm not sure I can forget it, but  if Gus  trusts you, I'm willing to give you a shot. Let's go. We have three kids that are waiting for us."

Brian held Joan's elbow as they walked back to the front of the building and then, independently, they walked back to the car where Justin waited. They all got in but no one said a word until they got home. Brian pulled into the garage and Joan slipped out of the back seat and went to the house. Justin got out of the car and walked around to the driver's side. He opened Brian's door and put his arms around him as he sagged against him. Justin knew Brian would talk when he was ready and right now he just needed to be there. Justin kissed his soft hair and when Brian finally relaxed in his arms, Justin said softly, "I think our kids will be looking for us soon."

Brian stood and pulled Justin close, Justin raised his eyes to look into Brian's and Brian's mouth came down crushing his lips. "Please tell me we can share our room tonight?"

"Is there a way to make the rest of the day fly by?" Justin asked as he went in for one more kiss.  Brian swatted Justin's ass and took his hand as they walked into the house.

An hour later, Joan was in the house with Jessi while she napped and Brian and Justin along with Henry were out at the pool with the boys. When it was obvious Aaron needed to sleep, Justin got out of the water and laid under an umbrella on one of the chairs.  

Brian helped Gus practice his swimming and then dad and son hung out at the deep end of the pool. The young boy wrapped an arm around Brian's neck and he laid his head on his dad's shoulder. "Are you tired, Gus?"

"Not if I can rest on you for a little bit."

"You can lay on me anytime, son."

"Daddy?" Gus started.

"Yes?"

"Is Aaron going to stay with us?"

"Oh, Gus, of course he is."

"Why don't you tell me what is going on? I'm not a baby."

"Of course you aren't, but there are some things that dads want to take care of themselves. We didn't want you to worry."

"Did you worry?"

"Yes. But Daddy J. and I have each other so we share our problems."

Gus reached for the pool edge and pulled himself so he could look Brian right in the face. "But Daddy, you left Daddy J. and all of us and I never believed you were working." Gus put his arms around Brian's neck again. "Please don't leave us again without telling me where you're going."

Brian turned and wrapped his arms tightly around Gus. "Oh, Gus, I am sorry I worried you. And I promise, unless it is a real emergency, I will tell you I am going and if I can't tell you before I leave, I promise I will call and talk to you as soon as I can."

"Ok, Daddy. I love you." Gus laid his head on Brian's chest and Brian carried Gus out of the pool and sat down with him in the chair next to Justin and Aaron.

Justin said softly, "Is everything okay?"

Brian brushed Gus' hair off his forehead and he kissed him, "Our son was just schooling me on what a father is, and he is so right!"

 

Henry arrived just as the boys were waking up. "Henny, we get ice cream?" Aaron asked as soon as he opened his eyes.

"I don't see why not. Let's go check if Jessi wants to come, too." Henry said, plucking Aaron off of Justin's lap.

"Can Grandma come with us?" Gus asked.

"She is very welcome. Why don't you go ask her?"  Henry set Aaron down and Gus took his hand and they went into the house. He looked at Brian and Justin, "Justin, I just talked to J.Jay and he was wondering if you had time to run over to the gallery. The students and J. want to talk to you about something for the closing show."

"What do you say, Bri? Want to come with me. We have three hours until dinner." Justin sat next to Brian and let his hand slide across Brian's crotch. Brian's whole body trembled.

"Ya, Sunshine, that sounds great. Meet you at the car in ten minutes.

When they were on the road Brian asked, "Are we really going to the gallery?"

"Yes, Brian, I need to find out what J.Jay and Sonya want to do."

"Fuck, Sunshine, I don't want to wait until tonight."

"Oh, I don't plan to. Give me 10 minutes with my team and then, you and I, are going to spend as much time as we can, in that apartment upstairs." As Justin talked they walked up to a back door of the gallery. "Why don't you go up and I will be there in just a few minutes."

Brian roughly pulled Justin against him and, putting a hand on Justin's firm ass, he pressed him against his own erection. "It has been far too long, Sunshine."

Justin rushed away and up the back stairs. "Hey, Justin, you didn't really have to come. A call would have been good enough?" J.Jay said as Justin rushed in.

At the same moment, Sonya rushed up and hugged Justin. "This is the coolest idea ever. We will take care of it and Rachel said she would help plan it." Sonya went on. "We want to hold a silent auction for this last group of students. It was their idea. Neither of them need the money.  They are just here for the experience. They know next week you will be with them every day and they want to give back."

"I love that idea. Tomorrow afternoon I'll have Brian come with me and his advertising mind can run wild." Justin looked at Sonya and J. and said, "Speaking of running wild, I have a date with my husband. If you hear any noise, don't come checking it out." With that being said, Justin rushed out of the room. 

Brian found a bottle of wine in the fridge and opened it to let it breathe and then he lit the couple candles he found in the small apartment. He was pulling off his shirt when Justin rushed in. He ran over to him and wrapped his arms around Brian's neck as Brian's hands began to work on Justin's zipper. Brian's mouth was all over at once. "Damn, I have missed the taste of you." He had already removed Justin's pants and as he pulled his shirt off over his head he began to sample his skin. His tongue trailed down Justin's heated skin and by the time Brian's mouth spent time on his navel, Justin was going mad with need. 

"Fuck, Brian. I need you right now!" Justin turned over grabbing a pillow which he placed under his hips and Brian couldn't wait any longer. He straddled Justin's legs with his knees on either side of Justin's knees and then he moved in one smooth motion. Justin cried out in the pain and then the bliss. Brian teased him, going quickly and then slowing. As Brian bent over him, Justin reached back and grabbed his hair. The quick jolt of pain on the back of his head caused Brian to drive in one last time. Justin came up and leaned against Brian who wrapped his arms tightly around Justin's chest.

"I love you, Justin Taylor, Kinney."

"I love you, too, Brian. I have missed this so much."

 

"What were you and Gus talking about in the pool?" Justin and Brian half sat, half laid, leaning against the headboard.

"He told me I had worried him when I left. He made me realize as he gets older, as they all do, I need to find a new way to cope. I can't run from my past or from the future. And, I guess, if my mom is going to try, I'll try, too."

Justin kissed him. "You called her mom. I don't think I have heard you call her that, well, ever."

"She didn't pull the ‘pity me' card today. I think she is actually making a real effort. She said she knew she couldn't make it up to me, but if I would let her, she would show she changed by the way she treats our kids. She said Gus looked like I did at that age but I was always on edge and she was right. I was scared until I got old enough to just not care."

"Bri, you don't fool me. You always cared. You were always scared. You just learned to hide it." They kissed again. "I hate to say it but we need to go home. I think I have been avoiding the fact that we don't know what the judge will say tomorrow." 

They both got up and began to dress as they continued to talk. "I have spoken to the pilot.  There is a plane ready if you need to get out of here in a hurry. Henry has packed a bag for each of the kids. Henry will go with you and Rachel and Sonya will follow in a few days so Henry can come back."

"I knew you would have this all ready but, damn it, I don't want to run. I want to stay here for the fundraiser and..."

"What fundraiser?"

"I'll tell you on the drive home."

 

The evening was full of family. Brandy and Sally arrived with half of the meal and Connie had made the rest of the food. Joan offered to hold Kelin while they put everything together and Gus sat down next to her. Soon Aaron had crawled up onto the sofa on the other side and then Jessi stood at the edge of the sofa and Gus helped her up. Justin walked in and immediately started taking pictures with his phone. The children were all so happy, and more importantly, Joan had a look on her face Justin had never seen. She looked happy, but even more importantly, she looked content. She actually looked younger than she ever had to Justin. 

As the evening went on, the adults seemed to get quieter, all thinking about tomorrow's decision. When the girls left, they said they would meet them at the hearing and Kevin planned to be there. Before going to bed, Brian and Justin asked Joan if she would stay at the house with Henry and the children just in case they needed to leave in a hurry.  

"Brian, I will do whatever I can to make sure your family stays together. Now it is time for all of us to go to bed. Tomorrow night we will celebrate finally getting rid of that man. And I know, you will be glad to have me go back home."

"Mom, you know we will be going on to Ireland, but when we get back home, we will try to work things out."

"Thank you, Brian. Good night." Joan walked away.

Justin put his hand on the small of Brian's back and they moved toward their bedroom.

 

At 10:00 a.m. there were several more people in the hearing room, including a couple people Justin recognized as reporters. Why would they be here unless... he saw his dad glancing back and making eye contact with one of the women. 

"I think my dad made some connections last night."

"Why do you say that?" Brain asked.

"My guess is he threw your name and importance around and now they smell a story."

"Maybe we can use it to our benefit. When they come looking for a story, we can tell them about the auction and get a lot of free publicity."

"Oh, that would be amazing! Finally, he is going to have done something worthwhile."

A half hour later, everyone but Craig was cheering. The judge had basically told him not to waste any other court's time. As expected, the reporters were waiting for Brian and Justin to exit the hearing room. Kevin stopped, along with Brandy and Sally, but Brian said, "We're fine, why don't you call the house and Em and James and let them know Aaron is ours and it is over for good." Next Brian turned back to the reporters. "Now what questions do you have?"

"Mr. Kinney, Justin's father, stated that you two might be divorcing. Both of you are in the spotlight in your own arenas. He also said you two were actually a couple before Justin was 16?"

"Now, that is not true!" Justin snapped. "The first thing you should know about my father is that he likes to make things fit how he wants them. I met him a couple months before I turned 18 and in Pennsylvania 17 is not illegal." One of the reporters got a message on his phone and he moved to the elevator without a word.

"Can you tell me anything about your father, or even better, Aaron's mother? What kind of woman would have an affair with a man like that?"

"That is none of your business. She's a sweet, caring, woman who knew she did not have the means to support herself and a child." Justin took Brian's hand.

"If you want a good lead for a great story, we can give it to you and since your competitor just left, you would have the exclusive."

"I'm interested. What kind of exclusive?" The reporter seemed to be glad that she would take any story right now.

"In nine days my art school is holding a fundraiser. I will be giving a couple of pieces and I have several very talented students that will be donating pieces. It will be a silent auction. Brian is going to lead the advertising end but if you would be interested in doing side stories on the artists or do a story on my summer school programs. It would be great for your career as well as your publication."

Ten minutes later they shook hands and as soon as they entered the elevator Justin threw his arms around Brian's neck. "That could not have gone better! We have a real fundraiser now!"

 

That evening they had a real celebration. Sally and Brandy were at the diner, but the art students, along with Sonya, Rachel, Henry and J.Jay joined them. They all had pizza and ice cream. By the end of the ice cream Joan put the younger kids in bed and Gus went to watch a movie in bed. After the kids went to bed, everyone remaining reviewed everything that needed to be done for the silent auction and everyone went their separate ways all with a list of things to do.

Brian and Justin lay silently in bed after making love. After several minutes, Justin said, "I can't believe it is finally over. No one can take our boy."

"No one ever would have, but I am glad you didn't have to rush to Ireland. I think the auction is the perfect way to wrap up our summer in Atlanta and then after a couple weeks getting everything in place we are going to start exploring the world."

"I can't think of anything I would rather do. I love you, Bri."

"I love you, Sunshine. Now, let's get some sleep. I think the next eight days are going to be fun but extremely busy."

 

Chapter 14 by Simply written

 

"Mr. Taylor, Mr. Kinney, thank you for joining us this morning. Before we talk let's watch a clip of some of the amazing art pieces that will be up for auction tomorrow evening." The host of the morning show looked at Brian and Justin. "As soon as we are live I will ask you the list of questions. Feel free to go off script but do remember we are live and this is a morning show."

The past week had flown by, and speaking to this reporter after the hearing had done more for them then they could have expected. She threw her heart and soul into making this the talk of the city. Everyone who was anybody was going to be there. They had needed to move it from the gallery to a large ballroom at a local hotel and they had twice as many pieces as they expected.

"Again, gentlemen, thank you for coming. Can you explain a little bit about how this all came about?"

"We came down for the summer so I could work with some very talented young artists. Over the summer we have had smaller shows but for the end of the summer we decided to make it a much bigger event." Justin said a couple more things before the reporter switched to Brian.

"Mr. Kinney, could you tell our viewers what the money you raise will be used for?"

"The money will be split between two very important organizations. The first is the Youth Art Foundation. It will be set up so schools whose art programs have been cut will have ways to fund them. The other half of the money will be given to a new program called Connie's Legacy.  It will help displaced women who are looking for a better life for their children. It will focus on helping women find a career. If that includes schooling we will help with that. If they need child care they will help with that."

The reporter then hit the major details about the auction and the website people could use to donate or bid ahead of time. As soon as they were off the air, she turned to Brian and Justin who had stood up. "I hope you know how much I appreciate this story."

"Our son is always off limits, but anytime we can help promote something worthwhile we are ready to help."

"The camera loves both of you," an older woman said as she walked up with her hand out. "If the two of you would ever like to host a show, let me know. We could find something for the two of you."

"I think we have enough going on in our lives. I am turning over my role at Kinnetik so I can spend more time with my family and it is Justin's turn to really focus on his work. We are taking an extended vacation and exploring the world one country at a time." Brian pulled Justin close and kissed him.  

"We better get going, Bri. We have a lot to do today." Justin turned to the reporter, "Thank you again for making this event so big. You will be given a detailed report when the auction is over so you can do a final review of everything and let everyone know how the night turned out and of course you will be attending." He pulled out two tickets and handed them to the reporter.

"Really? I was told no reporters would be allowed and that there were no tickets left."

"Well, yes," Justin touched her arm, "you cannot interview any of the guests or artists, but you may take a few discreet group shots and, of course, when you do the story, you can tell the story first hand. Brian insisted you come. We will see you tomorrow." Both of them kissed her on the cheek and walked away.

 

Once in the car, Justin said, "That was the right thing to do, right?"

"Why are you questioning it?" Brian had an odd tone to his voice.

"We promised there wouldn't be any reporters." Justin looked at him. "Why did you want her to come so badly?"

"Did I happen to mention that Camilla is bringing her husband, since she is going to be announced as the Director of Connie's Legacy?"

"Brian! William Charles Carter is not a man to toy with."

"Camilla needs her son in her life and Carter is going to have to face his phobia."

"But Brian, J. may not want that. You know he is already nervous about unveiling his big mural."

"Do you trust me?" he reached over and took Justin's hand.

"You know I do, however, this is really none of our business."

"J. is part of our family and Camilla is now part of our professional family. This is our business."

"But, Brian, I don't want to lose J.Jay. We need to talk to him about this ahead of time."

Brian pulled into the parking lot of the diner Brandy and Sally owned. "That is exactly what we are going to do. Henry and J. are meeting us here for some brunch." He looked at his watch.  "They should be here in about 10 minutes."

"Thank you for this but who is watching the kids?"

"Connie is there and Gus was going with Dad for the morning."

"Oh, ya I forgot about that." Justin leaned across the car and Brian moved to meet him. One kiss led to a second and then no one was counting. All of the sudden there was pounding on the driver's side window.

"Holy shit!" Brian said, accidently hitting the horn with his elbow. Henry and J.Jay stood outside the door, laughing. "You assholes," Brian said, but he had to smile as he shut off of the vehicle and they got out to join J. and Henry, both couples linking hands as they walked.

"Hey, bro!," Brandy said as they walked in. She kissed Brian and Justin and patted both J.Jay and Henry on the shoulders. "I have your table ready for you." They all talked as they walked to a back booth. "The carafe is full of fresh coffee and the menus are there but if you want me to bring out family style stuff..."

Justin looked around the table, "Bring out whatever."

Brandy looked at the four, "Anything specific?" 

"Whatever the pastry special is today. Nat makes the best pastries!" J.Jay said as he smiled shyly. "Please."

Henry put his arm around J. and kissed his cheek. "What was that for?" J. asked.

"I love seeing you just daring to be you. And I agree, Natalia is one of the best pastry chef's I have ever seen."

One of the waiters brought empty plates and then started bringing plates of eggs, sausage and bacon, a bowl of fresh fruit, and an assortment of pastries. "Sally said I should ask if you want pancakes or will the pastries be enough?"

"I think we have more than enough here," Brian smiled at the young man standing at the table.

"Just let me know if you need more of anything." 

After the men had loaded their plates, Brian started talking, "J.Jay, your mom is excited about her new job."

"I know she is. For years all she did was take care of her family and now that it is just her and him, she needs something to do. She is really smart. She will do a great job for you, Brian."

"I know she will. I wouldn't have chosen her if I didn't think she could do it. But I am a little worried about her."

J.Jay set his fork down. "Is something wrong? She didn't say anything."

"J., there is nothing wrong except she loves you and your dad. He is coming to the show tomorrow."

J.Jay turned to Justin, "With Sonya's help, you will be fine." He turned to Brian, "I'll stay home so Mom doesn't have to worry about him."

Justin reached over and took J.'s hand. "That's not what Brian is saying. Camilla needs your father and you to make peace."

"Baby, I am sure Brian and Justin know you want that, too."

"We do," Justin said.

Brian continued, "You know I would never tell you to concede to that homophobic..."

"Bri just wants you to give him a chance to know who you are and show him how wonderful you are."

J.Jay just kept eating. Henry wrapped his arms around him. "I'll be right next to you or hidden away. Whatever you want, but I love you, and will do whatever you want me to do but I know you would like to try."

"I don't think he will like that." J.Jay leaned against Henry.

"We'll all be next to you," Justin said.

"And if he is an ass, I will personally, politely, show him to the door."

"I would like to talk to him. Mom says they have talked about me and he has stopped preaching about it." J.Jay looked at Henry. I want him to meet you but can I first just talk to them alone?"

"Of course, J." Henry kissed him. You just let me know what you want me to do."

The four men finished eating, they talked and before they got up, the server came back with two small white bags. "Sally said this bag is for Henry and J." Henry reached for it "And this is for her niece and nephews." She set the bag down by Brian, knowing who he was. She also laid down an empty bag. "She said this was for the leftover pasties unless you stuffed your faces. Her words, not mine." She walked away quickly and the four smiled at the young girl's comment.

 

As Brian drove home, Justin looked over at him, "You will escort him out politely?"

"As long as he doesn't act like a complete idiot, and I don't think he will. Camilla has been working on him all summer. She said he misses J.Jay."

"He misses his daughter. If he hurts him I promise..."

Brian took his hand and squeezed it. "We won't let it go too far and I really think Camilla has talked to him and he is always careful with his image." Brian pulled into the garage and leaned over to kiss Justin. "You know the kids will be ready for attack."

"Ah, but we have the right distraction." Justin smiled holding up the bakery bag as he opened the door.

As they walked into the house all three kids came running. Justin had messaged Connie and let her know they had pastries so, although they had finished eating lunch they were ready for a sweet treat. Brian picked up Jessi and nuzzled his little girl. When they had adopted her last year he had been hesitant, but now the family wouldn't be complete without her. Justin held Aaron's hand as they walked back to the table, and soon the kids, and Connie and Henry, were munching on the bag of goodies Sally had sent home with them. Connie had quickly cut them up into bite size pieces so the kids could try more than one.  

Everyone had to laugh when Gus reached for a piece of the strawberry danish and Jessi took his hand and said, "For me, please, Gussy? So yummy."  

And Gus put the morsel on her plate. "Here you go, Jessi." She leaned over and gave him a sticky kiss on the cheek. All the adults said awe at the same time.  

Henry put the little ones down for their nap and Brian took Gus into the backyard. Justin stayed to help Connie clear the table but when he brought a stack of dishes to the sink Connie turned from him.

"Connie, is something wrong?" He put an arm around her.

"Your kids... I am going to miss all of you," she rested her head on his chest for a minute.  "I have to say you have the family I always wanted. Thanks for letting me be a part of it, at least for a time."

"Hope you know, once you are part of our family, you are always part of our family." He hugged her tight and kissed her head. "And you ever want to visit us in Pittsburgh, or you want someone to stay at that Bermuda place of yours... just sayin'."

Connie laughed, "We could work that out, I'm sure." She looked up and wiped her eyes before kissing Justin on the lips. "Sorry, I have always had a thing for young blondes and have wanted to do that ever since I met you."

Justin blushed a little. "You are welcome to do it any time. Just don't let Brian see you."

 

J.Jay lay in Henry's arms as the sun rose. He hadn't slept much. He was so nervous about talking to his father tonight. Before bed he called his mom. "Brian talked to me, Mom. Is Dad really ready to talk to me? Is he ready to meet J.Jay? Joanna Jane doesn't exist anymore."

"I have told him and I think he wants to try, but please remember that he is mourning the loss of his daughter."

"But I am here. I am who I always should be."

"I know that, Love, but we were raised to believe something different. I am not saying that was right but it was the way it was. Please be patient with him. He really misses you."

J.Jay rested his head on Henry's chest and Henry held him tight, "Mom, I gotta go. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"I love you, J." Camilla could feel her son's distress over the phone.

"I love you, too, Mom."

But now it was a new morning and he had a man that loved him. He had great friends and a job he loved. His mother was in his life and that would have to be enough if his father just couldn't change his mindset.

 

By 8:00 a.m. most of the adults were at the ballroom where the auction would be held. Rachel had volunteered to stay with the kids so Henry could be with J. and help set up. Most of the previous participants of Justin's academy had come back and there was art everywhere. By 3:00 p.m. Brian and Justin headed upstairs to the penthouse they had reserved for anyone who needed space to change into formal dress. J.Jay had gone up early and put on his tux and then one of the three bedrooms in the penthouse was designated for the women and one for the men. The third was Brian and Justin's domain. Later that night they could bring the little ones up as they got tired.

Justin pinned Brian against the bar as soon as they got in the penthouse but, knowing some of the others would be up soon, they quickly moved to their room. They slowly undressed and Brian, knowing what Justin needed better than he did, took him to the edge of cumming and then stopped. He moved away from Justin and his erection.

"Brian, what the..."

"Keep that for later. You know it will be a good distraction while you are nervous and tense.  Now, let's get stunning and make all those fags wish we were single."

"And all the women wish we were straight?" Justin said as he pulled briefs on over his hard-on.  He walked over to Brian, who had just pulled up his tuxedo pants and Justin slipped his hand in the front of them and as he kissed Brian he coaxed his cock into the same state he was in. He took a step back, zipped up Brian's pants, and smiled at him. "Now we are both in the same state." They looked at each other in the mirror. They had chosen dark charcoal suits that looked black in some light. They had added soft blue in the tie and pocket square.  

"I think we will do." Brian said, kissing Justin and then led him toward the door.

 

At 6:30, Connie and Rachel arrived with the kids. Aaron and Gus were both dressed in black pants, white button downs, silver patterned vests which matched Brian and Justin's, and to put it all together they had light blue bow ties on. Between Gus and Aaron, Jessi Anne held on to both her brothers' hands wearing a matching light blue dress with a silver ribbon around the empire waist. The photographer they hired started taking pictures. Kevin followed close behind. He was in the same color tux as Brian and Justin looking very dashing.

Brian noticed them and he had to swallow hard. He quickly looked around for Justin and spotted him talking to Henry and J.Jay. J. noticed the kids and directed Justin to turn around. He immediately found Brian looking at him and they walked toward each other and the kid. "Have you ever seen such a gorgeous family?" Sonya said as she walked up to Henry and J.

"They are beautiful," Henry said as Brian picked up Aaron and Justin kissed Jessi's smooth cheek, the photographer snapping pictures the whole time.

"Most people would think those pictures are just for the photographer, but I have seen that same scene over and over," J. said. "That is just who they are."

Henry slipped an arm around J., "Your parents are walking up to the building." Without hesitating J.Jay started moving toward the door. Henry grabbed his hand. "Hey, J. are you sure?"

"Just be around and I will come get you to introduce you in a bit." J. gave him a quick kiss before going toward the door.

J.Jay tried not to shake. He had been so happy his mother had been in contact, but he had missed his dad so much. He knew it would never be the same between them, but he longed for some relationship. 

Camilla and William Carter walked into the lavish ballroom. William scanned the room but moved past J.Jay. "I thought you said she would be here."

"William, he is standing right in front of you." Camilla touched his arm and then pointed to J.Jay. "Come say ‘hi' to our son."

"J.Jay, you look incredibly handsome today." She ran her hands down the satin lapels of J.'s tux.

"Thanks, Mom." Slowly he turned toward his father and extended his hand, "I'm glad you could come, Dad. It is a big night for Mom. She will do so much good with Connie."

"I know she is excited about it and your mother always does a good job." For the first time, William really looked at his child. "You are looking healthy and... you look happy, maybe happier than I have ever seen you look." He hesitated and continued, "But Joanna, I..."

"Dad, there is no Joanna anymore. Inside I am still the same being I have always been. I'm still the child you took to the school dance but I never felt like a girl. That doesn't mean I didn't love being in my daddy's arms. J.Jay led his parents to the alcove where his work had been hung. 

"I just don't understand this," he motioned up and down J.'s body. "God doesn't make mistakes, Jo." He said it respectfully, truly wanting to understand.

"You're right, Dad. He didn't make a mistake. He gave us free will. I am sure this is who he meant me to be."

For the first time William noticed the mural behind J. It was a progression of a family. William immediately realized it was his family. It was somewhat abstract but it started with a very young girl full of smiles and as it progressed the girl was obviously less happy but deep inside of her was the image of a small boy. As it progressed the inner boy grew and the girl became just a shell. In the background of the mural the rest of the family progressed. It was obviously a loving family and the girl, although included, was always to the side. At the far end the girl is only found in the heart of the now grown man walking towards another man, with the family still in the same place.  

William looked at Camilla and then at J.Jay. "You created this?" J. nodded. "And this is how you have felt all your life?" Another nod. He then pointed at the man at the end of the painting. "Is that your..."

J. motioned for Henry to come over. "That is Henry and this is Henry." Henry walked up and J. linked his arm with him. "Dad, this is Henry. Henry, this is my dad, William."

Henry extended his hand. "It is nice to meet you, sir." They shook hands. He also leaned over and kissed Camilla's cheek. "Nice to see you again."

From across the room, Brian and Justin had been watching the interaction. As they watched William shake Henry's they smiled at each other. "It seems to be going well," Justin said.

"It does. That mural, is there anyone interested in it?" Brian asked.

"We have had a couple inquiries. That is going to be his first big discovery. I just feel it." Justin kissed Brian's cheek. "I am so proud of how he has developed."

"Daddies! The doors are opening to everyone!" Gus said as he ran up. Aaron followed, saying  something about doors and lots of people.

"Well, then, let's straighten that tie, young man," Justin said as he straightened first Aaron's and then Gus' tie. "Where is your sister?" He asked as he skimmed the now busy room.

"Grandpa has her." Gus pointed to one side of the room where Kevin stood holding the little girl and talking to Connie. 

"Let's go claim our daughter so we can make the official start of the auction," Justin said. As they moved toward Kevin and Jessi, he looked over his shoulder just in time to see William move to J.Jay and the two men hugged.

 

The evening moved smoothly. Rachel took the two youngest kids upstairs when they were tired.  Silent bids were coming in regularly. People that attended could put an amount down with their bidding number while others made bids online.

As they moved into the final hour most of the artwork had been closed. There were a couple larger pieces, including J.Jay's, that had real bidding wars going on. As the countdown to the end came closer, Brian and Justin stood with J.Jay and his family. The piece was up to six figures now. One of the computer monitors walked over to Justin and whispered something.  Justin nodded and the monitor walked away.

"J., there is a final offer on your mural but it comes with a caveat."

"What is it?"

"The offer includes a second mural that will go on the opposite wall of a hall. It would include spending some time in Chicago, where the buyer lives."

"Chicago sounds fun to me," J. said looking at Henry. "Will you come with me?"

"To the moon and back, Love. So, Justin, what is the final offer?"

"How does $500,000 sound?" Justin said and smiled as J. nearly passed out. "Of course with a percentage going back to the new foundation." Justin smiled, "I knew it from that first mural I saw you painting in that alleyway. Everyone will know your name, soon!"

As the evening closed it was announced that more than $1,000,000 were raised for Connie's Legacy. Henry and J. went out for midnight breakfast with Camilla and William, and once everything was wrapped up, Brian and Justin moved upstairs to the penthouse. 

Gus had made a valiant fight but hadn't made it to the close. Kevin had brought him upstairs around 11:00 so when Brian arrived, the boys were asleep in one of the bedrooms and Jessi was asleep in a crib in the second bedroom where Kevin decided to sleep.  

Brian and Justin undressed and laid their tuxedos over the sofa in their room. They got into bed and met in the center. There were no words between them. They touched and tasted and soon they were nipping and probing. But soon they both needed release. They had both needed it hours earlier and now as they were again on the precipice, Justin flipped over Brian and moving his leg, Brian gave him access. As Justin entered him, he bit Brian's shoulder and Brian could no longer control himself. He cried out and as he did, Justin felt him contract around him and he shouted out, joining Brian.

They took a quick shower to get rid of the sticky feel and then met back in bed spooning against each other. Brian held Justin tightly against his chest. "Are you as amazed as I am at how much money was made today?"

Justin sighed, "It is beyond anything I could have imagined."

"Who knew when we came in June that by the end of August, a whole new foundation would be in place, well, almost in place, to help children and their parents." Justin nuzzled his ass against Brian's cock.

"And in about three weeks we will be in Ireland. I can't wait to see how you get inspired there and I am sure Gus will learn so many things over there." Justin wiggled again. "Damn, if you don't stop moving, we are going to need another shower."

"Brian, you can never take too many showers, can you?" He turned his head and Brian kissed him. "Brian, I want to feel you, inside me."

Brian gently moved into him and neither of them moved for several minutes as they were both in their own thoughts.

"Brian, there are a lot of myths in Ireland. Do you think any of them are true?"

"I haven't thought much about them. I have thought about family history. I hope I can find out more about them and maybe even meet some."

"I hope we do, too. Brian, we really have made a good life for the family, haven't we? I want to make sure our kids have gotten to explore the world around them and know how to give back."

"We are giving them a Legacy, Sunshine. When you and I are gone those three will continue the work we have started."

"Speaking of things we have started..." Soon they were in a rhythm. There was no rush in their lovemaking. Once they had both climaxed they didn't rush to the shower. They talked a little as they both started to drift off. Eventually, Justin said, "Goodnight, Bri. I love you. Thanks for making this summer such a success."

"Oh, Sunshine, you had far more to do with it than I did. I never imagined having this much love in my life."

"You have always deserved this, Brian. I am just glad I can go on this ride with you." As Justin fell asleep, he said, "Can't wait to make love to you in Ireland."

Brian's only response was a soft snore.

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1808