Legacy 3 Ireland: From The Hills Comes A Stranger by Simply written
Summary:

Brian, Justin, and their family returned to Pittsburgh and, after getting the house and businesses in order they boarded a plane, along with Rachel and Sonya, to spend two months in Ireland. While Justin spends time on his art, Brian is going to dig into his Irish ancestry. The mythical beauty of the country has drawn everyone in.     


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Jennifer Taylor, Justin Taylor, Original Female Character, Original Male Character
Tags: 10k+ Word Count
Genres: None
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 67250 Read: 973 Published: Apr 29, 2023 Updated: Apr 29, 2023
Story Notes:

 

As with her other stories, this was written solely by Simply written. I am just posting it for her.

~Lorie

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

5. Chapter 5 by Simply written

6. Chapter 6 by Simply written

7. Chapter 7 by Simply written

8. Chapter 8 by Simply written

9. Chapter 9 by Simply written

10. Chapter 10 by Simply written

11. Chapter 11 by Simply written

12. Chapter 12 by Simply written

13. Chapter 13 by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written

 

Epilogue

 

"I got a message from J.Jay today," Justin told Brian as they packed suitcases.  

‘How is he doing?"

"He is so excited. He and Henry are in Chicago right now. He said the mural is going well. They should be back at Britin long before we get back from Ireland. He has also been talking to his dad regularly. His dad has actually gotten a therapist for them and they have weekly video counseling."

"That is really good to hear. And I am glad they are both planning on coming back, too. You did such great work this summer, I don't want people to forget about your academy."

"That won't be a problem. J. said Henry is helping with the emails that come in since J. is so busy."

"It's hard to believe we will be in Ireland in a couple of days. Thankfully, Rachel and Sonya will be here this afternoon and they promise they have activity packs for each of the kids."

"Aren't we flying at night so they will sleep?" Brian walked up behind Justin and wrapped his arms around his waist, resting the tips of his fingers on Justin's fly. His fingers tapped. 

"We don't have time right now, Brian. We need to make sure the kids' stuff is packed." 

Brian slowly pulled down his zipper and slipped his hand into it. "The girls will be here tomorrow and can do that."

Justin was now leaning against Brian moving his ass against Brian's fly. "But, Charly has the kids now..."

"And Shadow is with her." Brian gently bit Justin's earlobe.

"Oh, hell! Brian Kinney, will there ever be a day you can't do this to me?" He turned and put his arms around Brian's neck, pulling himself as close as he could against Brian's lean body. 

"I hope not." Brian's lips moved downward and joined with Justin's. Soon their shirts were pushed up, while their pants pooled around their ankles, and neither of them heard their cell phones.

Twenty minutes later they were redressed and Brian picked up his phone. "Dad is going to pick up the girls for us and come for dinner. He has some files for me. He found some family connections I can check out in Ireland.

"I'm glad you are interested in your heritage. I think Kevin would like to know more about himself. I remember him talking one night when he had been drinking a bit. After talking about Anna, he started talking about his family and growing up in Iowa. His father, your grandfather, talked about coming from Limerick, but wouldn't say anything more. I bet those papers Kevin has will give us a little information about the Cain family. Wouldn't it be great if we found some long lost family?"

"If that's what he wants I think that would be a great project for me to work on with Gus."

"I agree. Gus will love that!" Justin walked over to Brian and kissed him once more. "Now we better get moving. You want to help Gus pack and I'll start with Jessi? When I'm done with hers, I'll come to the boys' room and help finish up Aaron's." 

Brian gave him a long hug. "I love you. I can't wait to explore Ireland with you."


Chapter 1

 

"I didn't know if we would ever get them to sleep," Brian collapsed on the sofa in the hotel suite, pulling Justin down with him. 

"Thank god for Rachel and Sonya. The kids weren't happy when they found out we couldn't go to the house today."

"They weren't happy, that's for sure." Brian kissed Justin before laying down, putting his head in Justin's lap.

"I hope they sleep at least a few hours. The time change will be crazy for a couple days." Justin ran his fingers through Brian's hair.

"Well, what is it, 2:00 a.m.? Our van is supposed to be available by 6:00 a.m., so if they wake up we will just drive to Killinaboy."

Justin kept stroking his hair, "And we will get by with one vehicle?"

Brian smiled up at him, "There is supposed to be a little sports car we can use at the house so if we want to go out for dinner or something, the kids, and Sonya and Rachel can have the van." He closed his eyes.

"Let's try to get a few hours of sleep." Justin suggested. Brian sat up and together they stood and walked to their room. Jessi was asleep in a crib near their bed, so they quietly undressed and slipped under the covers. 

"Brian, we never really talked about the information your dad brought," he spoke softly so he didn't wake up Jessi.

"Well, I think there are more questions than answers, but at least I have a couple names and a time span to look at. If only his father would have told him about his past. Dad said he would get angry if anyone asked him anything. The one thing he overheard one time was a phone call and he heard the word twin."

"So your grandfather has a twin?" Justin said as he slipped another inch closer to Brian.

Brian tightened his arm around him and kissed him. "I hope to find out. Sleep, Love. You know our kids won't be down long."

"Love you, Bri." Justin's voice was already sleep laden.

Brian glanced down at the blond head laying on his chest and he felt a lump in his throat. He was so overwhelmed with love; love for his husband, love for his kids, and for some reason, being here in his ancestral homeland everything felt multiplied. So why did he feel an apprehension, too?

 

"Daddies, I awake." Aaron had crawled into Brian and Justin's bed and now sat between them. "I not tired." As he said this he yawned widely.

"Shhh," Justin said, pulling him in under the covers. "Jessi is sleeping."

"Dadadada," Jessi's voice came from the crib. "Out!" She was not happy.

"Come here, sweetheart." Brian lifted her into his arms and kissed her cheek. He laid her on the bed where she immediately moved over to Justin and curled up next to him whimpering.

"What's wrong, Jess?"

"I ..." she didn't get anything out but whimpered louder."

"Oh, baby, I know what you mean."

"What's going on? Why wasn't I invited to the party?" Gus walked in rubbing his eyes and then he jumped on the bed with the rest of the family.

"Well, it looks like everyone is awake." Justin looked at Brian. "Why don't you let the girls know we are awake. It's a bit after 6:00. Why don't you tell them to be ready at about 7:15."

Jessi started crying louder so Brian stepped out of the room. When he came back a few minutes later Jessi was a little quieter, sitting in Gus' arms. "I called room service and asked them to send up some breakfast. I figure some food might help the moods. I know it is hard to know if it is breakfast or lunch time."

"I'm hungry, Daddy. Did you order pancakes?"

"I didn't see pancakes on the menu but I am sure you will like the sausage and bacon and eggs and toast and..." Brian started tickling first Gus and then Aaron. Both boys were racked with giggles. Their laughter quieted Jessi. "Come on, boys. Let's get dressed. We are going to drive past a castle on our way to our house."

"A real castle?" Gus asked doubtfully.

"Yes, a real castle, and I promise, we will go there someday soon."

"Cool!" Gus said.

"Ya, Cool," Aaron repeated. 

A half hour later, everyone was dressed and Sonya and Rachel had arrived, ready for breakfast.  Everyone questioned some of the food that arrived with breakfast. They all enjoyed the eggs and fresh soda bread. The bacon was more like ham but it was very good. None of them were sure about eating baked beans for breakfast and none of them were ready to try black or white pudding. 

Brian received a text letting them know that their van was waiting whenever they were ready. There was also another van that would bring their luggage, so they just needed to follow and didn't have to worry about getting lost on the way. After leaving the city of Limerick, the green hills spread out in front of them. They followed the lead van into a small village. 

Rachel had dozed off in the back of the van, but when she woke up and looked out the window she said, "Did we go back a century or two while I slept?" It really did feel like they had stepped back in time."

"Daddy J., look! There's the castle! It is so big!" Gus could barely stay in his car seat.

Justin reached over and squeezed Brian's shoulder. "This is going to be even better than I could imagine."

"Do you think you will be inspired to paint?" Brian smiled over at him.

"What do you think? Just look at the landscape. The colors and the buildings, think about what those walls have seen."

 

The front van turned off the small rural road and onto a driveway. Brian followed it up to a stunning house. It was even more beautiful than they expected.  

"Our house?" Aaron asked.

"For a while, Aaron." Rachel helped him undo his car seat. "Hold my hand, please," she said and Aaron took it. Justin took Jessi, and as Brian directed the young man with their luggage, everyone else walked toward the house.  

As they got close the door opened and a plump, short, woman of about 60 stood there.  "Welcome! I am so sorry you couldn't get here last night.  Oh, look at the wee ones. You can never have too many children around."

"Molly?" Brian asked.

"Oh, forgive me. Yes, I am Molly. I will be here most days from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. although I may take an hour off here and there."

"We can talk about hours. Let me introduce my husband, Justin. He is holding our youngest, Jessi. The little blond is Aaron and the oldest is Gus." Gus waved at her, but Aaron hid behind his big brother.

"Oh, little man, we will be friends, I am sure."

Brian continued, "And these lovely ladies are Sonya and Rachel. They will be splitting child duties. Sonya officially will be Gus' tutor, but they will be working out their time."

"Well, it sounds like you are a well oiled machine. Please, why am I keeping you outside? Come in!" She turned and led the way. Gus rushed up behind her with Aaron and they walked in, followed by the adults. "Liam, go help with the bags and bring them upstairs. Just leave them all in the hall. They can sort them out." A young man had appeared and then disappeared up the stairs with the driver behind him. "Liam is my grandson. He takes care of the heavy lifting. He also takes care of the lawn and anything else that needs to be done." Molly looked at them, "Look at me doing all the talking."

"I am afraid we are all suffering from jet lag," Justin smiled as Jessi started to whine in his arms.

"Let me show you your rooms. I will let you all get settled and you just investigate inside and out. If you are hungry, come find me in the kitchen. Otherwise I will have some lunch ready around noon and you can come any time. This is your home, and I am here to care for you."

"Oh, Molly, that sounds wonderful." Justin gave her a side hug and to his surprise the unhappy  little girl in his arms reached for the older woman. 

Molly took Jessi willingly. "Come here, Lovey. Let's go find everyone's room and then if you don't want to take a lie down, you can help me in the kitchen."

"Miss Molly, can I help you in the kitchen?" Gus asked politely.

"Gus, I am always happy to have a handsome young man in my kitchen, but of course you will need permission." 

Molly pointed out the bedrooms and made some suggestions. "Sonya and Rachel, I thought you would like a little more space so if you are good with it, I think the third floor would be perfect. It is the old nanny quarters. It separates the two beds a bit but has a little sitting area and a private bath. It was set up so that you can hear what is going on in the nursery which is where the boys are."

"That sounds perfect," Sonya responded.

"Why don't you two go unpack," Brian suggested. He had picked up a very sleepy Aaron whose head was now resting on his shoulder. "We have the kids for now."

"Let us know if you need our help," Rachel called back as the women went up to their room.

"Daddy J. come look at our room!" Gus called Justin into the room he would share with Aaron. "Look how far we can see! And it is SO green everywhere. What is that over there? I think they are animals.  Maybe they are cows."

"Actually, Gus, those are sheep. You will see lots of sheep while you live here."

"Miss Molly, do you think I will be able to see them close up?"

"I am sure you will have lots of chances." Molly had been rocking as she stood in the room and now Jessi was sound asleep. "I will lay this one down in the next room. There is a grand cradle there and then I will be in the kitchen if you need me."

"Thank you, Molly. I can tell we will be well cared for while we are here." Justin smiled at her as she walked out the door with their sleeping daughter. Justin helped Gus put his clothes into drawers and then quickly put away Aaron's as Brian got the little boy comfortable in one of the beds. 

"I'm not really tired, but I will lay down by Aaron for a while," Gus said as he stifled a yawn.

"That's very sweet, Gus. We will be right across the hall if you need us." Justin kissed him as he laid down next to Aaron, and Brian and Justin pulled the door shut as they left the room. They checked on Jessi, who was in the room next to theirs. She slept in a huge crib that looked to be hundreds of years old. It was obvious to them she would not be getting out of that on her own, and at the moment was sleeping soundly, so they moved through the door that linked their room to hers, leaving the door open a bit in case she woke up.  

"I might be scared if I woke up in a strange room with such a massive bed." Brian said as Justin looked at the stack of suitcases near the closet. "No, that will wait," he said as he pulled Justin into his arms. "I need an hour in your arms. We don't need to do anything. I just need to feel you against me." The men slipped their shoes and shirts off and pulled the duvet back before lying down and pulling the blanket back up. Justin wrapped his arms around Brian and Brian's head rested gently on Justin's chest.

"You're thinking about your family, aren't you?"

"Yes. A couple years ago, I had never wanted anything to do with my family, but now, with Dad's family, I want to do it for him. But if I am honest, I want to do it for myself, too. I want to do it for Gus, well, all the kids, but Gus carries the Irish blood." Brian's finger played with Justin's navel and his fingers began to play with the light trail of hair that led downward. "That doesn't sound wrong, does it? You know how much I love all our kids but he just..."

"Brian, I understand. And the other two are too young to totally understand what the heritage would mean anyway." Justin tilted Brian's head up and he kissed him. Brian's hand had begun to have an effect on him. 

Brian's skilled hand undid Justin's fly, and then his hand found what he was seeking. He moved and tugged Justin's pants below his knees and then brought his mouth down on Justin's penis.  As his tongue began to travel up and down the growing member, his hand gently massaged Justin's balls and stroked the tender skin behind them, taking his time to work his way to the puckered bud, and as he slipped his finger in, Justin arched, trying not to lose his erection yet. 

As Brian slowly inserted his finger and started to move it against Justin's prostate, he gave in and fed Brian the nectar he had to offer. Brian did not miss a drop, and then slowly moved up Justin's body and captured his mouth in a gentle, lingering kiss. "Let's try and get a quick nap. I don't expect the kids to sleep that long, but hopefully it will be enough to keep them happy until an early bedtime and then by tomorrow they will have adapted to the new time."

Justin pulled his pants back up and tied them before laying his head on Brian's chest. Brian held him time tight. "I hope you're right. I can't wait to start exploring." Brian kissed the top of his head and they both drifted off in their own thoughts.

 

Justin woke up when he heard Jessi. He moved to her room and picked her up. He quickly changed her diaper and peeked in the boys room. The room was empty. Before he could panic he heard voices coming from below. "A wee cookie has never ruined anyone's lunch." Justin heard Molly say as he walked down the steps.

As Justin walked in, Gus looked guilty, "Miss Molly said..."

Justin smiled at Gus and then kissed both of them on the top of the head. "I don't have a problem with you having a cookie. I know cookies are normally for after lunch but it is our first day in Ireland and none of us know what time of the day it is."

"Cookie peeeeze," Jessi asked and as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. Justin set her in the high chair and Molly put a cookie on the tray. Jessi gave her a shy  smile as she took a bite.

"Molly, thank you so much for making us so welcome."

"I could tell as soon as I saw all of you that we would get along famously." 

"We will come up with a basic schedule in the next couple days but we are very flexible. Rachel and Sonya will have the kids most of the time, and Brian will be working from the office here part of the time, but we plan to take day trips from time to time, and I admit, I plan to do some painting and I can lose track of time when I am doing that." There were sounds coming from upstairs and the two young women came in.

"Maybe tomorrow morning we can talk about some of the plans, but I can make anything work..." She smiled at the women as they walked in. She handed them each a cookie "Shall we plan on a bite to eat in about 20 minutes? If you would like to take the children in the back for a few minutes I will get the food ready."

"And I will go see if Brian is still sleeping or if he is showering or something." Everyone went their own direction. Justin walked into their room and stopped. Brian was sound asleep, looking so much like Gus when he was in a deep sleep. He hated to wake him. He had been going nonstop since they left Atlanta. There had been a couple nights he didn't even come home. He had meetings at Kinnetik and with Kevin at Legacy. As he watched him, Brian stretched and gave a sleepy smile when he saw Justin at the door. After propping his head on a hand he patted the mattress next to him. "I wish I had time to get in there with you but..."

"There is always time for you to come kiss me." Brian reached toward him and Justin walked over to the bed. He leaned over and kissed Brian, but before he could move Brian pulled him into his embrace. The kiss went on for several minutes.

Justin brought his mouth to Brian's ear, "We have lunch in about ten minutes."

"The kids are all up?" Brian was surprised.

"You are the last to wake up." Justin enjoyed absorbing Brian's heat. "Molly has snuck them all cookies already and now the girls have them outside running in the field. She is putting out lunch now and then mentioned a light supper and then the kids can go to bed early and hopefully they will be back in sync tomorrow. The boys aren't doing bad, but Jessi is not our normal sweet girl."

Brian stood up and stretched before pulling on his shirt. "I know this sounds like bullshit but there is something about being here. I feel like I'm home, even though I have never been here."

"Well, if everyone is as sweet as Molly, we are going to have an amazing time."

"This afternoon you need to spend some time setting up a place to paint and scouting the best places to work."

They started to move toward the steps. "Why are you so anxious for me to paint? Do you want me away from here?"

"You know that isn't true. I just know how horny you get when you paint all day. That bed up there is super comfortable and did you notice how big it is?"

As Brian made the last half of his comment they walked into the kitchen. Everyone was sitting at the table and both Sonya and Rachel cracked up at Brian's comment. "Daddies, I hungry!" Aaron said as he picked up his fork.

Rachel patted his shoulder, "Be nice, Aaron. Molly has made a wonderful meal and you need to be polite."

"Sorry, Rachel. Sorry, Molly."

"Oh, Aaron, what a fine young man. We are going to have a splendid time, aren't we?"

Thirty minutes later they all were so full they could barely move. "What shall we do?" Brian asked the kids.

"Can we go outside and take a walk? I want to see the sheep closer."

"That sounds like a plan," Brian said. Soon Brian and the kids, along with Rachel and Sonya, were heading across the hills. Jessi was walking between the girls while Brian pushed an empty stroller. They figured by the time they came back one or both of the younger children may want to ride. 

As soon as Brian was out of the yard with the kids, Justin turned to Molly who was finishing up the dishes. "Molly, we were told there was space for an art studio on the property. Could you tell me where it is located?"

"It may not look like much when you see it but I think it will inspire you. It is the old stables right back there." Molly pointed to an old building in the back. "I think the loft would be the best place for you to set up. On a clear day you can see all the way to the ocean. And when the fog is thick everything becomes magical. The fairies come out and dance in the wind."

Justin had to smile. "Well, I look forward to meeting one. I will be out there if you need anything.  How far are we from the ocean?"

"We are about three kilometers. You may enjoy taking the scooter to the cliffs some days. There is a sidecar that could hold your supplies."

"Oh, that sounds like it would work well. Thanks, Molly. Oh, did the supplies I ordered arrive?"

"They did. Everything is in the loft."

Justin carried his bag that included his brushes and a few other tools he had taken along and he quickly walked across the yard and into the cool, dark building. His first thought was the building was dark and cool, but as he moved up the stairs the light flooded the space and it had a whole different feel. The first word that came to mind was magical. He pulled out a canvas and he started painting.

 

"Baa," Aaron said, trying to run over to the sheep but Brian scooped him up and onto his shoulders. The sheep ran away.

"Aaron, you scared them!" Gus grumbled, and under his breath he said, "Dummy." Aaron's lips quivered.

"Gus, that's not very nice," Brian said to his oldest son. He lowered Aaron and put him into the stroller behind his sister. "Why don't you take those two back to the house and Gus and I will be home soon."

"Sure, we'll give them baths and put on fresh clothes so after dinner they will be ready for bed," Rachel said as they started moving toward the house.

Gus looked up at his dad, "Am I in trouble, Daddy? He scared away the sheep after we walked all this way."

"I'll give you a pass this time because we are all still adjusting to Ireland, but let's..." To Brian's surprise, Gus burst into tears. He dropped to a knee and pulled his son into his arms. "It's alright, Gus. I know you didn't mean it. Why are you crying?"

"I don't know, Daddy. I am tired and I just feel like crying."

Brian pulled him even closer. "You know what? I have felt like that a time or two myself. There is nothing wrong with crying."

"But I'm not a baby anymore. I shouldn't just stand here and cry."

"You are never too old to cry, Gus. And you are tired from our trip. I think you will feel better tomorrow, but if you don't, talk to me or Daddy J. But I think you will be just fine in the morning."

"I think you're right. I like it here."

"I do, too, Gus. Next week, would you like to come and help me find out about our family? Remember, Grandpa said he had family here. I want to see if there is anyone still here."

"Just you and me?" Gus looked into his dad's face.

"Just you and me."

"Yeah, I love you, Daddy."

"Oh, Gus, I love you, too."

 

Justin glanced out the window and had to smile. Brian was walking toward the house with Gus on his back. He looked at the canvas in front of him and quickly added Brian and Gus on the distant hill. By the time Brian and Gus arrived in the garden, Justin met them. He kissed Brian, a little too long for Gus' liking.

"Dads, that's enough. You are so embarrassing," Gus giggled. Justin walked behind Brian and lifted Gus off and then slid his hand across Brian's ass.

"You've been painting, haven't you?" Brian asked as he turned and caught Justin in his arms. 

"I have," he watched Gus run into the house and then pressed his pelvis against Brian. "You better have saved some energy for me tonight."

"I promise, I have plenty." Brian held him tightly as their lips again fused.

 

Gus had found Molly in the kitchen. "Well, Gus, did you bring your dads with you?"

"They are outside kissing. They do that a lot."

"That's because your dads love each other." Molly ruffled Gus' hair.

"Ya, they do that a lot."

"Would you like to help me with supper?"

"What's supper?" Gus climbed up on a stool.

"Oh, that is just what we call dinner sometimes. I know everyone is still a little tired from your trip yesterday so we are going to eat a little earlier and then I think everyone will go to bed early, and I will go home to my own bed."

"You don't live here?" Gus followed her actions and started snapping green beans in half and dropping them in a bowl.

"Do you remember the wee house you saw when you drove up to this house?"

"I think Sonya called it a cottage."

"It is a cottage and that cottage is where I live."

"All by yourself?"

"Liam, my grandson, lives there part of the time, but I have lived alone a very long time."

Gus hugged the older woman standing next to him. "I like you, Miss Molly."

"I like you, too, young Gus."

Brian and Justin walked in with their arms wrapped around each other's waist. "Well, looks like you have a good helper." Brian said.

"Daddy J. did you know that Molly lives in that cottage at the end of the drive?"

"I kind of suspected she did." Justin winded at Molly. "Molly, you have had a very long day already."

"I will be going home as soon as supper has finished. Normally, I will leave before supper, but will have it ready for you."

"Dad, did you know that supper is another word for dinner?" Gus asked Brian."

"I did and now you do, too. I know we usually say dinner but different parts of the world call it different things."

"I like supper." Gus declared as he jumped off the stool. "Be right back. I need to go to the bathroom."

"When you are done, could you tell the others supper will be ready in 30 minutes?"

"Sure," he said and was gone in a blur.

"That is a special boy. I think he is a bit of a Luck Child. That's what we called a child that always seemed to do what was good."

"Well, he always has had a good heart."

"And he has been taught to truly love through example. Now, let me finish up this meal. I think all of you will be ready for bed soon with the jet lag and all the fresh air today. The house will be quiet early."

 

Molly was right. Before the family had finished eating, Jessi was asleep with her head on the tray of her high chair and Aaron was resting his head on Rachel's arm. "We can take them up," Sonya said.

"Would you mind helping Molly clean up? We want to put them to bed," Justin said.

"No problem."

"Gus, why don't you come up with us. You still need a bath," Brian suggested.

Gus was about to say he wasn't ready for bed, but he really was tired so he followed his dads who each carried one of the little ones. Once Jessi and Aaron were in bed, Brian started the bathtub water while Gus undressed and Justin got out his pajamas.

Although Gus usually enjoyed sitting in the tub for a while, tonight he was having trouble keeping his eyes open. Justin held his head up while Brian shampooed his hair and once the soap was out they drained the water and together they dried him off and put on his pajamas. Brian picked him up and carried him to the boys room.

Justin leaned over and whispered to Brian, "Careful with the back. I have use for that yet tonight."

"Damn," Brian growled softly. They tucked Gus in and then, hand in hand, walked back to their room. They softly shut the door and then they were again in each other's arms. "Is it my imagination or have we spent more time kissing today then we have in the last month?"

"I knew I would love Ireland." They continued kissing as they slowly undressed, running their lips across heated skin as it was revealed.

Justin pushed Brian on the bed once they were naked and moved between Brian's legs. It wasn't long before Brian was gritting his teeth trying to control his ejaculation, but when Justin started to stroke his perineum and gently started probing his bud, he lost total control. He arched, and as he did Justin found his prostate, causing Brian to bite his lip to stop from screaming and waking the kids. 

Justin then continued to stroke him until he again was rock hard. Justin then began to position himself above him, but Brian flipped him and pinned him to the mattress. He then positioned him and sank into him in one smooth move. Moments later they both orgasmed and then collapsed side by side.

"I might be getting too old for cumming twice in a matter of minutes."

"No, Bri, you will never be too old for that. That was amazing!"

"I'm not arguing about that, but I think now it is time for us to go to sleep. Hopefully those three will sleep a normal night and be back on track tomorrow. I think I will take Gus into the village after lunch. Sonya will hold his classes in the morning."

"He is going to love that. I think I might go to the ocean and get an idea of what I want to paint first."

"Are you glad we came?" Brian pulled him close.

"It is obvious how much the kids are already enjoying it, and I will never run out of things to paint. I love it here and I love you. Good night, Brian."

"Love you, too, Justin."

Both men fell asleep thinking of the weeks ahead.

 

Chapter 2 by Simply written

 

Brian and Justin woke up to giggles. Gus and Aaron stood beside the bed watching their dads sleep. One of Brian's bare butt cheeks was exposed and Aaron was pointing at it. Brian pulled the sheet down just as Gus hoisted Aaron onto the bed and then he climbed up behind him.  Brian, Justin, and the boys shared morning hugs and kisses before Justin asked, "Is your sister still sleeping?"

"No, she has been up longer than us. She is with Rachel." Gus moved even closer to Justin as Justin tightened his arms.

"Well, we better get up for some breakfast," Brian commented.

"Breakfast was yummy," Aaron said.

"You already ate?" Brian questioned.

"Ya, we were all hungry so Molly fed us. There was lots left and she put yours in the warmer.  Her stove is funny. She calls it an auger and it is always hot."

There was a soft knock on the door. "Is it safe for me to come in?" Sonya asked.

"Ya, Dad covered his butt."

"Well, too bad for me," she said as she walked into the door, grinning at Brian.

"If you ever want to see it, he'll show you, but you don't get to touch," Justin said laughing.

"Come on, boys. Gus, it's time for you and me to do some studying and Rachel has activities for Aaron and Jessi."

"School already?"

As they walked out the door, Sonya said, "Well our first class is going to be science and we will be out in the..." She pulled the door shut.

Brian rolled toward Justin and his hand trailed downward. "I think we should get moving. Share a shower?" Justin slipped out of bed.

"Well, if that's the best offer I get." Brian rolled out of bed, barely landing on his feet. As he walked into the bathroom where Justin already started the water, he said, "And where do you get off offering my ass to the nanny?"

After a long, steamy shower, they got to the kitchen. As if she was psychic, Molly had the piping hot food on the table. "Oh, Molly, this looks and smells amazing. I am sure the kids loved it."

"I even got the wee ones to try blood pudding. I do have some if you would like to try it."

"Maybe another morning," Brian winked at her.

"I know most people that weren't raised with it don't care for it."

Molly sat at the table with them. "I will have lunch ready at 12:15 today. I know it will be the children and the young women. Will the two of you be here?"

"Molly, I will be going to the Cliffs of Moher shortly. I won't be back until late in the afternoon, but Brian will be around. He and Gus will be going out after that."

"Wonderful, I will pack a lunch for you." 

"You don't need to do that. I just had this huge breakfast."

"I can't let you go without. How does cheese, fruit, bread, and a bottle of wine sound? I will send along plenty of water, too."

"That sounds perfect, but I can't promise it will get eaten."

"When he starts painting, he tends to lose track of time." Brian squeezed his hand. "If he isn't back by 5:00 pm, I will go track him down."

Justin kissed Brian and went out to assemble his art supplies for the day. "He won't be in danger out there by himself, will he?"

"As long as he doesn't go too close to the edge, there is no worry. I know Liam is stopping by this afternoon. I will have him run out there after lunch and check on him. Where are you and Gus going?"

"I was going to talk to you about that. I was wondering where the ancestral research is done in the village and do we need an appointment?"

"Don't worry about a thing, Mr. Kinney. I will take care of it and let them know you are coming at about 2:00 p.m. At lunch I will give you all the information."

"Thank you for all you are doing for us. Now, I need to do a little work before I go with Gus." Brian stopped as he saw Justin on the old scooter heading down the drive.

 

Justin arrived at the cliffs. Every direction Justin looked, he could see a new painting in his mind. He set up the easel and he then entered into his own world.

 

After lunch Brian and Gus collected the information from Molly about where to go and had the file of information he had and left in the rented van. Gus asked questions all the way to the old village. Brian answered the questions he could, and told him to ask the manager at the Heritage Society they were going to about the things he didn't know. Molly had assured Brian that the volunteers there would love answering questions for Gus.

When they arrived, Brian knew right away Molly was right. The older woman who was working helped Brian find the area he needed to look in and then entertained Gus by going through photo album after photo album. She very patiently explained everything he asked and answered his questions from his car ride in. 

Soon Brian was drawn into the maze that was a family tree.

"Hello! Hello!" Liam called out loudly. Justin didn't notice him until he was only a few feet from him.

"Oh, hi!" Justin jumped. "Liam, right?"

"Ya. Me granny asked me to stop by. She was worried you hadn't eaten yet."

"What time is it?"

"It is around 2:00. It looks like you haven't stopped since you arrived."

"I haven't. I get absorbed but now that you say it, I am thirsty and a little hungry."

"You look like you have gotten a great deal of sun, too. Why don't we sit by that rock in the shade." He picked up the basket Molly had sent with Justin and opened it. He handed Justin some water and then opened the bottle of wine she had sent. Now that he was sitting, Justin started opening containers and eating what he found.  

"This cheese is amazing."

"It is made just down the road. It is really good and I love it with apple slices." Liam handed Justin the container with apples and pears cut up for him. 

"Wow, you're right. And add some of the leftover soda bread from last night and I think I could live on this." He looked over at Liam. "Thanks for reminding me to eat. I want to finish a little more on that painting before all the light has changed. Please let them know at the house I should be home about 5:30.

"Ok, I'll let them know." And with that, Liam was on his bike pedaling away.

 

Gus talked wildly when he and Brian got back. Molly worked on dinner while she interacted with him. Brian had gone up to say hello to the youngest two and looked out to see if he saw Justin coming. He couldn't see him yet so he strode into the kitchen. "Molly, thanks for all the help today. I already have a lot of leads. We will go back later this week. They are looking up a couple things for me."

"I am so glad. Cain is a very common name in some areas, and sometimes it is more difficult if you have many to choose from than if there is just one or two in the registry."

"The woman, Margaret..."

"Daddy, she said to call her Maggie."

"Maggie," he smiled at Gus, "said the paperwork my dad had brought me was very helpful to figure out the right clan of Cains.

She did say it could take her several weeks to be sure."

"I am glad I could help. Now, I have supper in the auger. It will be ready in one hour. I spoke to the lasses earlier and gave them instructions on serving the meal."

"Thank you, Molly. Go enjoy your evening. Gus, why don't you go up with Sonya and Rachel.  Tell them I am going to get Justin. You know your Daddy J. loses track of time when he is painting."

"Ok, Daddy. I will let them know." Gus rushed upstairs and Brian stood at the front door. Did he walk to meet him or get in the van? He decided the van was probably the best  bet. He was glad to see Justin's scooter and then saw his beautiful blonde husband a little further down the path. He parked and walked toward him. He didn't expect Justin to notice him. He knew Justin put him and the kids first in his life. However, when he painted, he lost himself into another world.

To Brian's surprise Justin called out, "Hey, Brian," and came running to him. For that moment Brian thought he looked like the 17 year old he had met seven years earlier. His body reacted the same way it had the first time he saw him and yet now he knew the beauty was on the inside as well. He pulled Justin into his arms and kissed him.

"You look like you have had a great day."

"It was so amazing! I was just starting to pack up. You can take home the painting for me. I was worried it would get smeared. I..." Brian brought his mouth back to his, cutting off his words. When he took a step back, Justin said, "I was talking too much, wasn't I."

"You got a little too much sun. You could have some pain."

"I wore a sun hat part of the day and put on lotion so it shouldn't be too bad. I think it's just because I am warm."

They finished packing up his supplies and carried them to the van. "Why don't you drive the van home. I'll take the scooter."

"Thanks, I am tired all of the sudden. Will I have time for a shower before dinner?"

"You should. Go ahead. I will follow you. I can bring your stuff back to the studio for you."

Justin smiled at Brian, making his heart melt. "Thanks, Bri. I do want to hear about your day."

"When we're in bed tonight." Brian shut the door to the van and Justin started the engine as Brian walked to the scooter.

 

Brian arrived and emptied the van for Justin. He put all the supplies and the painting in the studio, and by the time he walked into the house, Justin strode into the kitchen. He was in sweats and a T-shirt. His cheeks were lightly golden but the redness was gone. Brian walked to him and gently cupped one of his cheeks with his hand and kissed him. Justin pressed himself against Brian just as they heard a noise.

"Kissing again," Aaron said as he walked into the kitchen along with Sonya, Rachel, and the other kids. The adults all laughed.  

"Molly told us you had the dinner instructions?" Brian asked them.

"It should be about done. We just had to take it out of the oven... I mean auger, and put it in the other oven thingy to keep it warm. And we put bread into the warmer. While we set the table, the bread will bake." Rachel said as she put the bread into the auger.

"Great," Justin said, taking Jessi from Sonya. "Remember ladies, we expect you to take Friday off, well from noon on. You can have the van and explore."

"We really don't know what we would do," Rachel said.

"Talk to Molly or Liam. I think they will direct you to the right place. Gus and I had great luck with the Heritage Society Molly directed us to."

"Good idea. We will ask her tomorrow."

"We saw some pubs in the village," Gus said, smiling at his dad. They had a conversation earlier about what a pub was and he was proud he had used the new word in a conversation.

"That is a great new word, Gus!" Sonya said, giving him a little hug. "Maybe tomorrow we can use that for English."

"Ok. Can I help?" Gus asked and Rachel handed him a stack of dishes while Brian and Justin  took the younger two out on the deck to get out of the way.

Brian and Justin sat on a bench where they could watch the kids and Brian put an arm around Justin. "Your painting was stunning. I put everything in the studio."

"I swear this place is magical. Liam stopped by after you had lunch and I thought it was still before noon. The play of light on the water and on the cliffs was just... It is hard to put it in words."

"You don't have to put it into words, you put it on the canvas." Brian brought Justin's hand to his mouth and kissed the palm.

 

"Gus, do your dads ever fight?" Rachel asked.

"Not very often, but if they do they are both very sad. One time Daddy went away for a few days but they still loved each other."

"I don't think they will ever stop loving each other. I don't think they could." Sonya said, smiling at Gus. "But everyone does fight sometimes."

"That's what they said to me. "I smell the bread."

"Oh, thanks for saying that!" Rachel pulled out a perfectly baked loaf.

"I love Ireland and I love augers." Gus said as Rachel and Sonya laughed. 

 

The dinner was a success and they were getting into a routine. The girls cleaned up the kitchen and then were off for the night while Brian and Justin bathed the kids and then spent time reading or watching a movie with them.  They usually ended up in a pile on the bed or the sofa in the master bedroom before putting Jessi in her crib and Gus and Aaron into bed. 

Then it was one on one time. Tonight they filled the large tub and as they relaxed in each other's arms, Brian told him all about the trip into town.

"So when do they think they will have more to share with you?"

"We are going back into town on Friday. I know the girls are off at noon so what do you think about going into town as a family? There is a small park nearby so maybe you could take the babies there and Gus and I will just spend an hour or so at the Heritage Society and then join you."

"That sounds great. We'll take the stroller and I can check out a couple of the little shops I noticed and then they can play. You should have at least two hours that way."

Brian buried his nose into Justin's hair. "Umm, I love the smell of the shampoo here."

Justin managed to turn and made Brian move so he could wrap his legs around his waist and he began to slide up and down Brian's wet thighs. They kissed and touched until Brian motioned for him to stand and then stood himself. "I need you, in bed, where we can be comfortable."

Half an hour later the blankets were tangled around their legs and their naked bodies were entwined. Hours later they woke up to a chill in the air. They dressed and made sure the windows were completely closed and added blankets to the kids' beds before returning to their own bed, where they slipped under the newly added blankets. As they both settled back for a restful sleep Justin reached back and pulled Brian's arm around his waist before falling into a deep, dream filled, sleep.

 

On Friday, Brian and Justin loaded the kids into the van and started toward town. Gus, the expert about anything Irish, told his siblings all about Ireland as they passed different sites. As they arrived in the village, Brian parked the van. "Daddy J, I told Maggie about my sister and brother. Can you say hi to her before you go do other stuff?"

Justin glanced at Brian and he shrugged. "I don't know why not unless you have someplace to be."

"No, we have plenty of time." Justin responded as he started unbuckling the carseats and Brian took the stroller out of the back. Once the kids were in their seats, they all walked across the road to the Heritage Society.

"Well, it isn't my favorite seven year old American." Maggie smiled at them, "And it looks like it is the whole family today."

"Hi Maggie! This is my Daddy J., my sister Jessi, and my brother Aaron."

"Why, aren't you just the loveliest family," she walked over and touched one of the cheeks on both of the little ones in the stroller. 

"Daddy, go play," Aaron called out.

"After you say hi to Maggie," Justin said, squatting next to him.

Aaron became bashful and tried to hide behind Justin but softly said, "Hi," and then ducked behind Justin further.

"Hiiiii," Jessi said, waving.

"Well, aren't you the luckiest little girl to be surrounded by such handsome men."

After a few more minutes of chatting, Justin left with the stroller while Brian and Gus started their research. Justin looked at the small shop and decided they would just play in the park.  After almost an hour, Aaron called out, "Daddy, Rae and Son!"

Justin turned to see Rachel and Sonya and then saw a blonde streak running past him and into Sonya's arms. "Couldn't stay away from us?" Justin asked.

"We actually were at the shop when you realized you couldn't go through with the stroller. We have been roaming for a while and thought some fresh air sounded good. Go look for a while.  We'll stay here."

"But it's your afternoon off."

"Go, Justin. Just be back in half an hour or so."

"You are lifesavers. Jessi is almost asleep. I think if you put her in the stroller and..."

"Go before we change our minds." 

Justin kissed both kids and jogged away. He owed those two. He spent the next half hour strolling through the shop. It was full of Irish handicrafts. He found a couple beautiful pieces he was sure his mother would love. He had them pack it up and paid the shop to send it to her. He then saw some handcrafted toys and picked up one for both Aaron and Jessi. After looking a little bit more he found a book on Ireland for Gus. After he paid for everything he walked back to the park where he found both Aaron and Jessi fast asleep. Rae and Son had covered them up and had them out of the breeze that had started to pick up.  

"Thanks, you two. I hope I didn't keep you too long."

Sonya smiled at him, "Not at all. It was a little too early to go to the pub. Now, we can go start nursing a pint and then see what the nightlife is like here. We expect to be home by 9:00 at the latest." They linked arms and walked in the direction of the bar.

Justin had just taken his phone out to text Brian when he saw Gus running in his direction.  "Daddy J., Daddy J., Daddy got some information." 

Justin rushed to meet him, not wanting him to wake his siblings. "That is really cool. Can we keep our voices down a little? We don't want to wake them just yet." Justin wrapped Gus in his arms. "It is getting chilly out. I guess we will see if we can put those two into their car seats without waking them."

Brian walked up and kissed Justin. "Frick, it is cold out here."

"I was just going to put them in the van."

"It looks like a shower might be coming in, too. Let's get them moved." Once the kids were in their seats, Brian turned to Justin, "I ordered fish and chips from the pub. We will pick it up and then head home.  

"I didn't know they did take out."

"Maggie's husband must spend a lot of time there," Brian laughed. "She called him and told him to put the order in for us, four orders and dessert. She said they always have something sweet but she wasn't sure what they had made today."

"It sounds great. Let's go pick it up. This weather is changing quickly."

Brian pulled out and under his breath said, "Shit, this driving on the wrong side of the road is going to get me." He drove around the block and parked in front of the pub. 

"I can grab it," Justin said.

"But Daddy J., I want to tell you about what Maggie showed me."

"I got it," Brian said. As he got out of the van, Gus started talking about fairies in the woods. Brian texted, saying it would be a few minutes.  

Justin responded with ‘There are lots of fairy stories.'

Brian responded, ‘love you'.

‘Love you, too'.

After a few minutes Gus relaxed and started talking softly to his sister and brother while Justin glanced around at the shops. His phone beeped and it said ‘two minutes'.

Justin looked at the shops around him and just as he scanned the roadway he was surprised to see Brian turning down an alley, but as he tried to open the door and call out to him he was surprised to see Brian walking out the pub door.

"Where were you going? Did you think of something I forgot?"

"But..." Justin pointed at the alley, "I could have sworn you just were going down that pathway and I was going to ask you where you were going?"

"Maybe it was something mythical. Maybe it was my doppelganger."

"I am sure I just wanted it to be you." For the first time he looked down and saw the cooler Brian carried.

"They wanted to make sure our food stayed hot until we got to the house. I'll bring it back the next time we come to the village." Brian gave Justin a quick kiss before walking around to the drivers side and got in. Justin glanced once more at the lane and then got in the van. Brian pulled out just as the heavens opened and a torrent of rain came down.

It took them longer to get home than usual because the narrow roads and heavy rain made the roads hazardous. Before they even got to the house, Justin called the little bed and breakfast in town and asked if they had rooms. After that he called Rachel and Sonya and told them to stay in town for the night. They let him know they received the message just as the van pulled into the driveway.

Gus had worked hard entertaining his brother and sister as they started to whine, needing the bathroom and getting hungry. Brian pulled up as close as he could to the house and he grabbed Jessi and the food while Justin unbuckled Aaron.  

"Daddy, I sorry. I tried."

"Sorry about what, sweetheart?"

"I wet." Aaron's little face scrunched up and his bottom lip started quivering.

Justin made a dash for the house and as soon as they were inside he pulled Aaron close, kissing both his cheeks. "Oh, Aaron, that's not your fault. You tried really hard, didn't you?" He   nodded. "How would you like to take a quick bath now and eat dinner in your pjs?"

"Can I?"

"Sure but we need to hurry so our dinner is still warm." 

"What's up?" Brian saw Aaron's tear stained cheeks.  

"Could you put the food in the auger and give Jessi a little applesauce or something to tide her over for half an hour? We will be down as soon as we have a quick bath."

"Daddy say I eat in pjs tonight."

"Well, lucky you," Brian said as Justin stood up with Aaron in his arms. Brian kissed Aaron, and then lingered on Justin's lips, "Um," he sighed. "I'll start the fireplace in the den. After dinner it will be warm in there."

 

"Daddy, didn't you say we were having fish and chips? I don't see any chips." Gus looked at the food spread out on newspaper on the table.

Brian smiled at Gus, "That's just another one of those Irish things, well, United Kingdom thing."

"I'm so confused," Gus laughed as he put a hand on each side of his face and waggled it back and forth. "That's okay, I love fries." Gus ate a couple fries, "and these are great."

Soon everyone was eating fish and fries. They all agreed they should do this once a week. At the end of the meal they rolled up the papers and tossed it into the trash. Then they all moved to the small den. The room was warm and had a perfect view of the storm. The lights had flickered a couple of times but now they went out all together. With the fire blazing the room wasn't dark.

"What we do now?" Aaron asked, putting his hands up.

"Why don't you ask your daddy to tell you a story?" Justin smiled over at Brian while a sleepy Jessi leaned into Justin's chest, nearly asleep.  

"I know where Molly keeps a flashlight. I'll go get it," Gus said as he left the room with one hand on the wall and returned almost immediately with a bright flashlight in hand.

Aaron had climbed onto Brian's lap and now said, "Daddy, tell me story, pease." Brian reached out and pulled Gus closer, leaving an arm around each boy. Brian started rambling, trying to remember some of the Irish stories he had read and mingled and intertwined some of the details. Soon he was totally making up everything, but by now Gus was the only one of the kids awake and he was starting to doze himself.

After Brian concluded the story he grabbed the flashlight they each carried one of the little ones up with Gus walking between them, one hand on Brian's waist band to help pull him up the steps. Justin put Jessi in her bed while Brian tucked in the boys.

Justin went back down and made sure the fire was safe before he grabbed a bottle of Irish whiskey and a couple glasses. By the time he got to their room, Brian was building a fire.

"Should we start fires in the kids' rooms?" Brian asked Justin as he walked in.

"The boys' room isn't getting hit by the wind, and if we keep the door open into Jessi's room she will get some of this warmth."

Brian reached up from where he was sitting on the rug, and Justin handed him the bottle before crossing his ankles and sitting down next to him. He moved toward him and Brian met him half way and they kissed. Justin offered the glasses to Brian and he filled them. They leaned against the sofa and sipped the whiskey. Brian talked on and on about his research. Brian poured the last of the whiskey into Justin's glass and Justin kissed him. 

"I don't know if I have ever seen you so passionate about anything." 

"Well, then I have been doing something wrong for the last seven years." Brian pulled Justin onto his lap and slipped a hand between Justin's legs.

Justin leaned against him, "You know that wasn't what I meant, but..." Justin turned so he could wrap his arms around Brian's neck as Brian began to slowly lower his zipper.

"I have never felt like this about anything I've done before. I obsess about you, but for some reason my ancestry does the same." Justin moved so he had his legs wrapped around Brian. "Well, my ancestry doesn't make me horny." He moved his mouth from Justin's lips, to his jaw, to his neck.

"Let's move this to the bed," Justin said as he stood and swayed a bit from the effect of the whiskey. Brian stood and pulled him against him.

"You do know you are my passion, right?"

"Bri, I never have any doubts about that." Justin tugged his shirt off and then Brian's. By the time they took off their pants, they moved quickly into bed. Although the fireplace still had glowing embers they did not add any more wood. The storm was moving on and they hoped by sunrise the electricity would be back, but right now, they would keep each other warm. Whether it was the whiskey or the storm, they both were everywhere at once. Hands and tongues stroked and probed and once they were too exhausted to play any longer they lay side by side with one finger linked, not willing to totally lose physical connection yet.

Brian softly said, "I love you."

"You're my passion, too" Justin rolled over, breaking their contact. "I love you so much, I even see you on the streets when you're not there."

 

Chapter 3 by Simply written

 

Ireland intrigued them all. Justin spent long days painting, either on the cliff when it was warm enough or in the loft of the cottage if it was raining or too cold. As Son and Rae, as the kids now called their nanny and tutor, kept the kids entertained and most afternoons, Gus and Brian would work on the family history. They had tried another village just slightly farther away to follow up some tips they had discovered locally. And, Molly kept everyone going.

The forecast for the end of the week was supposed to be stellar so they scheduled a trip to the castle near Limerick. They planned to go after lunch on Friday and would look around a bit and spend all of Saturday exploring. Rachel and Sonya were going along. They had given them the option to have the weekend off but they were interested in the castle themselves, and with three kids, any extra hands were helpful. Brian made reservations for three rooms and spent the afternoons with Gus reviewing King John's Castle and everything he wanted to see and do. 

Justin was ready for the trip. He loved the cliffs, but both days he had been out there this past week, he felt as if he was being watched. He had seen a couple of people out there but none of them paid much attention to him. He had gotten so paranoid that one day he was sure a guy in a row boat was watching him, but then he decided it was just someone looking at the cliffs. He had told Brian about the feeling he got and assured him it was just the mythical feel that Ireland had.

On Friday Molly gave all the children hugs and kisses and said she would have dinner in the auger for them Saturday evening. The kids were all strapped into their carseats and Rae and Son were in the back row of the van with a hamper of snacks Molly had prepared for their trip.  It was only an hour trip but she assured them her snacks were more wholesome than the snacks they would buy in the hotel. Just before they left, Molly came running out of the house with a couple papers in her hand. "Mr. Kinney, wait!" Brian opened the door and stepped back out of the van. "Maggie said this just came to her. It is something she requested for you. I thought you would want it as soon as possible." 

Brian kissed the older woman on the cheek, "Thank you, Angel." Brian said and saw the flush come over her cheeks. "You are lucky my man isn't alive. He'd hex you for making the moves on me." Brian winked at her and got back into the van. Molly waved as they drove away.

 

Gus looked through the book he had about the castle while Aaron and Jessi napped. The girls dozed in the back, hoping to go out tonight. Brian had handed the papers to Justin who had just laid them in his lap. "So are you going to look at them?"

"I will if you want me to, but I would understand if you wanted to look at them first."

"Look at them. Are they about my great uncle?"

Justin skimmed the material. "They are. I know that you located where your grandpa was raised."

"Yes, I was hoping those notes would be about their teen years and early adulthood. I basically want to know what happened to my great uncle and why my grandfather left his home. Dad said he remembered his parents talking about ‘having' to leave. So I am trying to find out why."

"The cover page basically just has Maggie's name and yours. The second page basically has one short paragraph. What year did your grandfather come over?"

"He came over in 1955." 

"On October 31, 1955 Quinn Cain entered Portlaoise Prison with a life sentence." Justin looked at Brian's face but his expression didn't change. "Did you expect that?"

"I didn't know what to expect but now I know where to search. Knowing Cullan had left his home and country without any plans to do so meant something major had to have happened. Now I have to find out what it was."

 

The hotel was right across from the castle and Gus and Aaron couldn't stop looking at it out the window. Gus talked on and on, while Aaron just nodded his head. The girls had a room across the hall, while the other two rooms were adjoining. Molly's snacks were perfect to hold the kids over until their dinner. They had reservations at a restaurant that catered to families in a couple hours.  

Two hours later the two men, the two women, and the three children were all dressed neatly and walked out of the hotel to stroll the two blocks to their evening meal and entertainment. The servers were dressed in period costume and there were entertainers with jugglers and musicians. By the time they had finished eating, Jessi was in Sonya's arms nearly asleep and Aaron had moved to Brian's lap. Even Gus was yawning as they walked out of the door. Soon they were walking in the door to the hotel and in the elevator to their floor.

"Thanks, guys," Rachel said. "Tonight was fun. What time do we leave in the morning?"

"We'll leave at 9:00" Brian stated.

"We'll be ordering breakfast to the room at 8:00. You can join us or order your own, whichever you prefer."

Sonya and Rachel looked at each other and Sonya responded, "Knock on the door when you're ready." 

The girls, who had carried Jessi to the hotel, put her in her crib and then went to their room. Brian and Justin helped the boys with their pajamas and then retreated to their own room through the adjoining door. Brian opened a bottle of whiskey and poured two glasses. Justin had taken off his button down and trousers and replaced them with a T-shirt and running pants. He took both glasses from him, kissing him lightly and sat down on the small loveseat while Brian quickly changed into similar attire. He dropped to the small sofa next to Justin and as he took one of the glasses, he put the other arm around Justin's shoulder. Justin rested against him and after taking a sip he looked at Brian who kissed him. The taste of whiskey was on both of their lips and as their tongues danced together. 

When they separated a bit, Justin brought up Quinn Cain. "You didn't seem surprised that your great uncle was in prison."

"I really hadn't thought about prison but I knew it had to be something terrible. It says he was given a life sentence which I don't think means life here. There are probably only a couple things he could have done to get that. Think about having someone that looks just like you going through a trial. Could you even walk through a small town like Killinaboy? Most people wouldn't be able to tell one from the other."

"That would have to be terrible, plus loving him because he is your brother. I hope you get to the bottom of it all." Justin brushed his lips across Brian's chin and then emptied his glass. "I think we need to go to bed. The kids will be full of energy tomorrow." Justin stood and offered his hand to Brian who stood and pulled him close.

"Well maybe I need to watch out. You said you saw my doppelganger."

"It was probably just some other stunningly handsome, sexy Irishman." Brian swatted his ass.

"To bed with you."

"I'm going to peek in at the kids, and then I will be there."

"Hurry up," Brian said as he pulled off his shirt and got in bed.

Justin joined him minutes later and without saying anything, both men moved so they molded together like two puzzle pieces and they fell asleep without another word.

 

By 6:00 a.m. Aaron had crawled into bed with them and by 7:00 Gus came in carrying Jessi. After a little snuggle time, everyone got up and dressed and at 8:00 their breakfast was at the door.  

Once everyone had eaten, Gus went across the hall and knocked on Rachel and Sonya's door and then they were off to a day at the castle. The day was filled with museum style exhibits, roaming through the Irish streets of the 800s. They watched skits and saw knights. By the time they left for the day they were all exhausted.The sun had completely set by the time they arrived back at the house and as promised, Molly had dinner waiting for them. She had two different kinds of soda bread as well as a large pot of stew. 

By the time they had used the restroom and washed up, she had everything on the table, ready for the family to consume. It was a quiet meal and then Brian bathed Jessi while Justin helped the boys with their bath and then the house was quiet.  

Brian and Justin again sat in their room by the fireplace but this time they had a laptop out. Brian looked up the website of the prison to see if there was a way to check when someone served or how long they served. After they looked around the site and felt like they were going in circles, Brian shut the computer. I'm going to see if Dad will pick up. He should be near the end of his workday. I want to run it by him and see if he remembers anything ever being mentioned about prison or criminal acts."

"I'll let you talk to your dad. I am going to go make sure the house is all locked up and I want to check the weather for tomorrow. I really hope I can get to the cliffs. I only need a couple hours to finish the painting and it is getting chillier out there." Justin walked to the door and turned, "Say hi to Kevin, and Bri, I love you."

Brian smiled at the man he loved and then picked up his phone. "Son! How was the castle?" 

"The kids loved it. I kept thinking you would have enjoyed it."

"I am sure I would. I miss your kids so much. I bet they have grown."

"Dad, it has only been three weeks."

"I know, they just add so much life to my life."

"Well, you could come out for a week. We have plenty of room."

"I have been looking into it. Now, I doubt you called just to say hi. You would have done that when the kids were awake."

"Dad, do you ever remember your dad talking about Quinn being in trouble with the law?"

"No, but that would make sense."

"I know I have seen pictures of my grandfather but do you know if they were identical? Some identical twins still have their own look."

"I know as little boys they looked like the same person but I don't think I saw any adult pictures of them." Kevin went silent for a moment. "I know I was never close to my dad, but right now I really do miss him. He may not have answered my questions, but, as reserved as he was, he had a quiet strength I could always rely on."

"Would he have accepted my life like you have?" Brian asked.

Kevin took a breath, "It was a different time, Son. Growing up in Iowa in the 50s and 60s we barely knew what it meant to be gay. We were naive. I think his real embarrassment would be that you existed because of my reckless act. Back to the trouble with the law."

"I found out yesterday that he was sentenced to life in Portlaoise Prison. I plan to do my research on that next week. They don't have their records online from that far back." The line was silent. "Dad? You still there?"

"I am. I was just thinking. Please keep in touch and if I can get away, I will let you know."

"I love you, Dad. Oh, and Justin says hi."

"Kiss your husband and the kids for me. I love all of you."

Brian closed the phone and went to start the shower. 

 

Justin shut the last light out in the house and then realized the outside light on the studio was on. He moved across the room to the bank of light switches near the back door. As he turned the light off, he was sure he saw something move in the treeline behind the studio but by the time he flipped the light back on there was no sign of anything. He turned the light off again and walked upstairs. 

He heard the water running in the bathroom and started taking off his clothes. By the time he was at the bathroom door he was naked. He stopped and looked at Brian's long back and narrow waist. He moved lower and his eyes took in his ass. That man didn't have a flaw. He snapped out of his thoughts and moved to the shower to join Brian. "Did you have a nice conversation with your father?"

"I did. He didn't know anything about prison but he said it fit some of what his dad had said." Brian took the bar of soap and ran it across Justin's back. "He is hoping to come for a week."

"The kids would love that. They miss our families. Of course they love Ireland, too, but face it,  your dad and my mom spoil them."

Justin turned and pressed his naked body against Brian's and slipped his arms around his neck. Their lips met and the world, along with the dirt of the day, melted away.

 

The next day was as beautiful as predicted. Around 10:00 Rachel and Sonya took the children out for a walk to visit the sheep. Brian went to the office to look into the prison records a little closer and Justin took the canvas he wanted to finish, along with the paints and brushes, to the cliffs. He didn't take any extra canvases because then he knew he would get distracted and be gone all day. 

There were more people than expected on the Cliffs of Moher that morning. The unseasonably warm weather had many families out. A couple of children came to see what he was doing. A little girl about Gus' age said, "That's very pretty, sir."

"Well, thank you. I was just thinking I could use one more bird right about here." He painted a seagull soaring out to sea. Justin smiled at the young girl whose mother was standing nearby and he smiled and nodded at her. "Did I miss anything?"

"Nope, except for that man over, there but he's a person and you don't have people in this picture."

Justin's head snapped up but didn't see anyone lurking. Then he noticed a man much further up the cliff. Why was he being so paranoid? He looked around at all the people, "You are right. I do paint pictures of people sometimes. Most of the people I paint are my family. I have a son about your age and then another son and daughter that are much younger than you."

"Darling, you have taken up enough of the nice man's time."

"She's fine," Justin smiled at the mother. "I came only to get some of the shading correct. It is supposed to be raining next week and I wanted to have this finished."

"You are visiting the area?" she asked. 

"We are staying just over there," he pointed toward the house. "My husband and our kids are really enjoying it."

"Is Molly taking good care of you?"

"You know Molly? She is wonderful. We all love her."

"She is a good woman. Salt of the earth, and one of the best cooks in the county. What brought you here?"

"My husband is researching his ancestry."

"What name is he looking into?"

"His grandfather's last name was Cain. He was born near here."

At the sound of the name Cain her eyes had widened. "What was his grandfather's name? Do you know what part of the Cain family he is connected to?"

"I'm afraid I have been a bad husband. I really don't. Do you know some Cains?"

"I am being rude. I should have introduced myself. My name is Kate Kennedy. This is my daughter Fiona. I think you or at least your husband knows my mother-in-law, Maggie."

"From the Society... Yes, she has been wonderful to Brian and Gus."

"She told me someone was looking into the Cains. You see, my maiden name was Kate... Katherine Cain."

"Oh, Kate, do you know any family history? Does Maggie think you might be relatives? Would you talk to Brian?" Justin took a deep breath. "I am sorry for bombarding you. Do you think your family could come for supper some night this week? Or just come for tea?"

"I think I would like that."

"Fiona might enjoy playing with our kids if she isn't in school."

"She happens to have a few days off this week. Do you think Tuesday would work?"

"I don't think Molly will care. If you share your number I can check with her and then give you a call." Ten minutes later Kate and Fiona were driving away and Justin started packing up his supplies. He hoped Kate could help Brian. He glanced up and noticed he was one of the last people on the cliff. It looked like rain was moving in so he headed home. He was sure by now the family had eaten lunch and the young ones were probably down for a nap. He knew what he would like to do. He could picture Brian laying naked in bed and could feel his skin under his hands. All he wanted was to feel the pain and pleasure of his cock deep inside of him. He could go for days without food, but right now he couldn't go another hour without Brian.

After Justin put away his supplies he went into the house with the painting he had finished.  Since the paint was still wet he brought it to the office and he was happy to find Brian in there.  He pulled his chair out from behind the desk and straddled him. After a long kiss he said, "Where are the kids?"

"Jessi and Aaron are sleeping with Rachel close by, and Gus and Sonya are in the village, picking up some things for Molly." Justin was already standing up and pulling Brian to his feet.

Justin brought his mouth close to Brian's, "I want you to tear me apart. I want you to scorch every inch of my skin with your mouth and your hands. I want to bite my lip so hard it bleeds to keep from..."

Brian grabbed his hand and they moved  toward the staircase. Brian pushed Justin on the bed and slowly undressed him. He looked at the curtains and went and grabbed the cords that pulled them to the side which he then used to tie Justin's hands to the headboard. He then undressed himself and, getting the cords from another window he did the same with his legs. Justin lay spread eagle on the bed Brian began his exploration. It was all territory he had tasted before but he could never get enough of him.  

Justin was thrashing as much as he could, tied the way he was. Brian was nipping the skin on his penis and scrotum, driving Justin almost over the edge. His tongue followed the nipping and the silkiness after the uncomfortable nips drove him to cum. Brian quickly licked up every drop and then left Justin lying there while Brian went into the bathroom. He came back with a vibrator, and before long, Justin was again ready to explode.

"Brian, fuck me. I need you to fuck me! Like the first time!" 

Brian untied Justin's feet and quickly took his place between his legs. He had barely moved into him before Brian began to lose control. He entered him over and over, feeling like he would die if he didn't cum soon. And then, starting deep in his soul, he felt the emotion build and then exploded and collapsed on top of Justin.

"Damn," Brian said softly as he caught his breath.

"Bri, my hands?"

"Oh, ya." Brian quickly untied him and pulled him close. 

"We better shower. We've been in here a long time. I am sure the kids are awake by now."

"Whoa, don't kill the afterglow. I don't give a fuck if they know that is what we were doing, but we probably should get moving. What got you in this mood today, not that I am complaining?"

They got up and walked to the bathroom. "I am not really sure, but I did have an interesting conversation today."

"You did? Who with? Should I be jealous?" 

Justin washed Brian's back as he talked, "A little girl, Fiona, came to look at my picture. My guess is she is about Gus' age. She was very polite and then her mother walked up. Fiona is Maggie's granddaughter."

"Oh, I have heard her talk to Gus about Fi. You spoke to her daughter-in-law?"

"Yes, I invited Kate and Fiona for lunch."

"Gus will like that. When are they coming?"

"If it is alright with Molly they will be here on Tuesday." Justin got out and they helped dry each other before going into the bedroom to dress. "Brian, one more thing about Kate Kennedy." Justin pulled on his briefs, "Her full name is Katherine Cain Kennedy."

"What? She's related to me?"

"She isn't sure. Maggie told her a bit about you but until they knew you were from the same clan, she didn't want to mention it to you."

Brian finished dressing. "Did you ask her about someone in prison?"

"No, I didn't." Justin walked over and put his arms around Brian's waist. This is your family history."

"Well, you're my family, too. My family history will never give me as much as you do." Justin lifted his head up and Brian kissed him. "We better go check out where everyone is."

 

At noon on Tuesday, Kate and Fiona arrived for lunch. Molly was thrilled to have more people to feed. She always made enough for extra people anyway. Gus and Fiona got along well from the first minute, so after lunch Sonya took both of them into the office to read some Irish history while Aaron and Jessi went down for their naps.

"Your children are so beautiful," Kate said as she sipped a cup of tea. They sat in the formal living room. "Gus and Fi seem to be fast friends."

"It's good for him to have someone his own age. He either has his younger siblings or he hangs out with the adults," Justin explained.

"Kate, I know we don't know how closely related we are, but Maggie just sent over some information a couple days ago about a relative of mine who was sent to prison for life."

Kate sat up straighter. "Are you related to the famous Quinn Kain?"

"How famous was he? I know nothing about him. All Maggie sent over was that he was given a life sentence. I don't know why he was put in jail."

"Do you know how you are related to him?"

"He was my grandfather's twin brother."

"Well, that definitely makes us related, although not closely. I am afraid I don't know the story well, but my father and uncle remember it well. I could ask if they would be willing to talk to you about it. They are kind of funny about that topic. No one in the extended family talks about it."

"I would love to talk to your father. I am waiting for a response from the prison, but someone who knew him or was around when he was will definitely help. Do you have any ideas?"

"Brian, can you tell me what you know and then I promise I will tell you the story I have heard, and it is just that, a story."

"I never met my grandfather and only met my father a few years ago. I'll tell you that story sometime, but my grandfather spoke very little about his life or family in Ireland. The only thing my father remembered was that my grandfather, Kullan, had a twin brother. He fled Ireland because of his twin brother. My father thought he had heard something about prison once. My father went to war in Vietnam as a young man, and his father died while he was gone. His mother never said anything else about Ireland."

"I will tell you a story, but please remember, it is just a story. I am sure there is a remnant of truth in it, but I also know the Irish have outstanding imaginations." Justin draped his arms around Brian as Kate continued. "There was a story about the Sin of Quinn. Being a young girl, I was told that it was not a story for a young girl, but I remember once, when I was about ten, my grandfather and some of the older relatives talked about Quinn never being forgiven for the sin he committed."

"And you don't have any idea what he did?" Justin asked.

"They spoke in Gaelic, and I am not fluent in our traditional language. I understood that a woman was involved and possibly a child." She looked at Brian's hopeful eyes. "I wish I could tell you more. The only other thing I understood was that he could be a problem again."

"He could be a problem? You mean like he would be out of prison? Was he a problem in prison? What..." As Brian started to wind up, Justin tightened his arms and Brian stopped.

"I'm sure Kate would tell us if she could." Justin kissed his cheek.

"I just feel like I am getting so close to answers. and then I worry what I will find out and how Dad will react."

"Brian, I am sorry," Kate looked at her watch, "I do need to go now. I will speak to my Da and see if they will speak to you. I am sure he will."

"Thanks, Kate. I'm sorry if I was a bit pushy."

"I can only imagine how hard it is to wait for answers, cousin. I will be in contact soon."

 

Ten minutes later, Kate and Fiona drove away and Gus had a playdate at Fiona's house later in the week. Justin could see Brian's restlessness as they stood watching the car disappearing down the road. "Let's go for a walk." He didn't give him a chance to respond. He just grabbed their jackets and helped Brian put his on before he slipped on his own and they walked out the door. They followed the road, walking in silence for several minutes before Justin said, "What is worrying you, Brian."

"I know that the only reason he would have gotten life is if he killed someone or he was a repeat offender. Well, there might be a couple more reasons, but those are the most common. I know I could be completely wrong, but if he was a serial rapist... You know he never says it, but I know Dad feels guilty about having sex with my mother. One time when he had drunk a little more than normal he used the word rape. Joan seduced him more than he raped her, but you know Dad. If this Quinn abused women..."

"Oh, you don't think he would feel that way do you? He's such a grounded man."

"I think deep down he would know that, but the initial information might throw him off a bit." Brian hugged Justin. "What would I do without you?"

"Screw a lot of men?"

"That might be true, but I wouldn't make love with any of them." Brian pulled him closer and kissed him.  

"MR. KINNEY, MR. TAYLOR!" Liam was flying down the road on the scooter calling out to them.  It was a call of panic.

"Liam, what is it?" Justin asked, full of concern, rushing over to him.

"It's Aaron! He fell. He has a cut on his..." Liam couldn't finish the sentence before Brian threw him off the scooter and Brian and Justin got on. Justin looked back and Liam waved them on. "I can walk back. Go!"

The whole ride Justin repeated, "God no, God no, God no!" Brian hadn't even shut off the scooter when Justin leapt out of the sidecar and rushed into the house, followed closely by Brian.

They heard him before they saw him and when they rushed into the kitchen, Molly was rinsing out a cloth that was crimson while Sonya held a cloth to Aaron's forehead and Rachel held him close. There was also a cloth tied around his leg.

"What happened? Oh God. Aaron?" Justin lifted him into his arms.

"Brian, grab the keys to the van. I called the doctor and he is waiting for us. Do you know where the doctor is?" Brian still looked manic while Justin was in a frozen haze, holding his little boy close. "Nevermind. I will come along." Molly said as she wrapped a blanket around Aaron and then slipped on her own sweater as the four of them rushed out of the house. 

Justin held Aaron close while he tried to keep pressure on his forehead. Aaron clung to his daddy as he whimpered. He couldn't make himself look at the injury but he couldn't stop noticing how much he was still bleeding. The head seemed to be slowing a little bit but the bandage on his leg had begun to drip. "How much farther?" Justin asked.

"Three minutes. We are almost there. But, Brian, killing us all will not help." He slowed up a bit as they entered the village and Molly gave him directions. 

As they saw an older man standing outside a small cottage, Molly direct Brian to stop. "Justin, how is he doing?" Brian asked.

"He's so pale." Aaron was still crying softly, but being with Justin had helped calm him a little.

Molly opened the door for Justin, and holding Aaron closer he rushed toward the cottage where the man now stood holding the door open. "Bring him into my surgery." He pointed toward a chair. "Why don't you sit right on the table with him. You seem to have him calmed quite well. What happened?"

"I really don't know," Justin said in a shaky voice. "We were out taking a walk and he was with the nanny. I don't really even know how he is injured."

Brian rushed in with Molly close behind. He moved to the table next to Justin and Aaron while Molly told all of them what happened. "Aaron was outside playing with his brother and sister. The nannies were close at hand but Aaron came running onto the patio and tripped over a brick.  He knocked over a flower pot and fell on the shards. The head wound probably needs a couple small stitches but his leg..." Molly stopped.

The doctor poured some liquid into a glass. "Does he like apple juice?" Both Brian and Justin nodded. The doctor added a little of the juice into the glass and then handed it to Justin.  "Please have him drink this. He may fall asleep but at least it will make him relax." The doctor was very calm as he first looked at Aaron's head and then moved to the bandage on his leg.

Aaron was now asleep in Justin's arms and Molly walked over. "You two go wait in the lounge across the hall. I will stay here with Aaron and Dr. Doyle."

"No, I can't leave him."

"Trust me, Justin. You do not want to see this."

"I can't leave him, Molly." Justin stood by Aaron's head and Molly nodded to Brian, motioning for him to stand behind him. The doctor started a pint of blood and injected a little sedative into his other arm. As the doctor began to unwrap his leg Justin leaned against Brian's strong chest, but as the last layer of the bandages came off, Brian saw Justin's knees buckle and he caught him before he hit the floor. Molly opened the door as Brian carried him out and then she shut the door and washed her hands, ready to help the doctor any way she could.

"So Doyle, how bad is it?" 

"He's lost a lot of blood, but I'm not worried about that. I am a little worried about this cut though. It is so deep. This will take a bit to stitch. I need to make sure there are no shards of the pottery embedded."

"Molly, is that really what happened? He wasn't pushed or tripped."

"No, it was truly an accident. These children are so loved. You don't need to worry about anything like that."

"I'm glad! That means I only have one thing  to worry about. I need to make sure this child comes through this with no serious after effects."

 

Chapter 4 by Simply written

 

It was the longest 45 minutes of their lives. Brian had laid Justin down on the sofa and moved to the kitchen and gotten a glass of water for him. By the time he had come back with the glass, Justin was sitting up. "Here, Justin, take a drink."

"I'm not thirsty!" Justin tried to stand up but Brian held him down.  

"If you faint again and the doctor has to look after you, he can't focus on Aaron."

"But, Brian, did you see his leg? I need to..."

"You need to stay put." Brian wrapped his arms around him. "Molly will watch out for him and we are of no help. Besides, he is sleeping. I am sure they will make sure we are there when he wakes."

"We weren't there for him," Justin said.

Brian wrapped his arms around him and pulled him close. "Justin, he was with people who love him and we were only a few minutes away. Our children are always cared for."

"I know, but he is so little and he was so scared..." Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and held on.

By the time Molly came out to get them Brian and Justin were both exhausted. 

"How is he? Is he ok?" Justin asked.

She waved them over and they walked into the surgery. "He looks so small laying there," Brian commented, putting his arm around Justin.

"His color is better." Justin walked over and gently kissed the bandage on his forehead. "How is he, Dr. Doyle? His leg... it looked..."

"We were very fortunate. The bleeding made it hard to see and I was afraid something major had been damaged, but he must have had a fairy watching over him. It is a deep puncture wound. We will need to keep a close eye on it for signs of infection. I gave him intravenous  antibiotics while I stitched up his forehead and cleaned out his leg wound. I will give you an antibiotic to give to him for the next few days. I did not close up his leg. There is a greater chance of infection if it is closed up. I will need to see him every day for, let's say, the next 4 days. If there is no sign of infection by that time, I will decide when to close the wound. It would heal on its own but I believe that closing it will leave less of a scar."

"Dr. Doyle is one of the best plastic surgeons in the country," Molly interrupted.

"Now, Molly, there are many talented surgeons in our fair country."

"How did you end up here?" Brian asked before kissing Aaron's cheek and taking his hand.

"I was tired of the city. I had practices in Dublin and Limerick. I was getting older and just wanted a slower life. I have gotten that here. Now I fix broken bones and stitch up farmers. I don't see patients regularly."

"Well, thank you, Dr. Doyle." Justin extended his hand to the doctor who shook it. Justin noticed Aaron was moving more and he reached for his son. He took his free hand and could hear Brian whispering in his ear. 

Aaron's eyes fluttered open and he gave a weak smile, "Hi, Daddies. I thirsty."

Molly was already moving and brought a glass over. Brian helped him sit up while Justin held the water glass for him. "Hey, sweetheart, how do you feel?" Justin asked softly.

"I have booboos. Head hurts and my leg feels funny."

Dr. Doyle smiled at the little boy and then looked at Molly, "Why don't you help Mr. Kinney take Aaron to the van and I will give Mr.Taylor a couple instructions."

"Is he really ok?"

"He will be, as long as you follow these directions. He will need to stay immoble for the next couple days. He must not walk around and he cannot get his leg wet. Molly has enticed me to come to lunch the next few days and I will take a look at his injuries each day while I am there."

"I don't know what we would have done if Molly hadn't brought us here."

"You would have seen the other doctor and your son would have been in good hands there, too."

"His forehead? Will he have a scar?"

"Just enough for him to have girls ask him how he got that scar in his hairline," Dr. Doyle looked at Justin, "Or boys!" he added quickly. "I don't have any antibiotics for Aaron. I will bring it with me when I come at noon tomorrow. Now go and see if he will eat something for you. I bet Molly has some stew and bread in the kitchen. It is just best if he has a little something in his stomach."

Justin got in the driver's seat while Brian held Aaron in the back. When they arrived at home, Molly started heating some stew, while Gus, along with Rachel and Sonya, needed to hear everything. Jessi was asleep in her bed but Gus needed to see his brother. As Brian held him, Justin fed him some of the food Molly had warmed up. She made sure there was enough for Brian and Justin to eat, also, before she left for the night.

After assuring Rachel and Sonya that they did not blame them for anything that had happened, they carried Aaron up together. They put him in their bed and once they were sure he was asleep, they went back downstairs. Rachel stayed with Aaron and Sonya stayed with Gus while Brian and Justin went down to get a bite to eat.

Once they got to the kitchen, Brian buried his head in Justin's neck and let himself shed a few tears. Justin held Brian for several moments. "Bri, he will be fine. Dr. Doyle said he will be fine." Justin just used a soothing voice until Brian stood up straight. Justin got them each a bowl of stew and Brian took a loaf of bread to the table and they ate in silence, both in their own mindsets. 

They sent the women up to their rooms and got into bed with Aaron. It was only a few minutes before they heard the door open slowly. "Gus, is that you?" Justin asked.

"I just wanted to check on Aaron and... I don't like to be in that room alone."

Brian reached out and helped Gus onto the bed. Thirty minutes later all four of them were asleep. Brian had one arm around Gus and the other draped across Aaron, who was in Justin's arms, and rested his hand on Justin's shoulder. All of them drew strength from each other as they slept until sunrise. 

 

Aaron woke up whimpering around 6:00 a.m.  "We're here, Sweetheart. Does your leg hurt?" 

"Leg hurts a lot."

"I'm here, little brother." Gus hung over Brian to see Aaron. "I'm sorry you got hurt." Brian helped Gus get next to Aaron.

"Be very careful of his legs."

"I will, Daddy. Daddy J., does he have medicine to help the hurt?" Gus was very concerned. 

"Daddy, out!" came Jessi's voice from the nursery next door. Brian slipped out of the bed and went to get their daughter.

Gus carefully put his arm around his brother, "I love you." Gus kissed his brother's cheek.  "Daddy J., you can get his medicine. I won't leave his side."

"I love you, too, Gus," Aaron said in a soft painfilled voice.

Justin kissed both of the boys and then kissed Jessi and Brian before rushing out the door. By the time Justin got back, Brian and Jessi were in the bed, again. As Justin gave Aaron's pain medicine, he said, Brian, why don't you take the other two down for breakfast. ''Molly will have it ready in just a couple minutes."

"But I want to stay..."

Brian reached out for Gus, "Come on, Gus. Aaron will be downstairs in a little bit. He needs a little time for the medicine to work."

"Ok. Aaron, I will read you a book when you come downstairs."

"Ok, Gus." Aaron said as he snuggled against his daddy.

When the medication had dulled his pain, Justin gently changed his clothes, putting a diaper on him. "Daddy, I a big boy. I don't need diapers."

"I know, love, but with your leg so sore, this will make it a little easier for your leg and you get to wear pajamas all day."

Aaron started protesting but when he moved a little and he felt the throb, he nodded. 

"Are you ready for some breakfast?"

"I not hungry, Daddy."

"Well, it is best if you eat a little something. Molly said she would make you something called goody. I bet you'll like it."

Justin carefully picked him up and carried him down the stairs. At Gus' suggestion, Brian moved two chairs together and put a pillow on one of them. 

"Molly, what are you making special for breakfast?"

"Well, master Gus, it is something my granny always made for me when I was sick. We call it goody. I am warming up the freshest milk and will pour it over some of the bread I made yesterday. We add a little fairy dust and it makes everyone feel better."

"Can I try it?" Gus asked.

"Of course you can. Everyone can use a little fairy dust."

Justin came in with Aaron and set him down on the seat made for him. "Molly made a special breakfast for you, Aaron. It has fairy dust in it!"

"Fairy dust? Really?"

"Would Molly lie to us?" Molly set a bowl in front of all three kids. They all dug in and seemed to really enjoy it. 

Molly made some eggs and sausage along with some buttered bread for Brian and Justin. After Brian had moved Aaron over to the sofa in the den and Gus settled next to him with a book, they sat down and ate some breakfast. They hadn't realized how hungry they were, since they had missed dinner the night before. "Molly, as usual you are a lifesaver." Brian took another piece of bread and slathered it with the fresh, Irish butter. 

"How can we thank you for all you did last night?"

"Awe, boys, you know how much your wee ones mean to me. Even you have grown on me, you dathuil fear." 

"Dathuil fear?" Justin questioned Molly.

"Ah, handsome man. Your husband brings out the Irish in me sometimes. He looks like he could have grown up down the path when I look at him. He looks Irish through and through."

"Maybe I should go into the village more often," Justin said, raising his eyebrows several times. "I have to admit I have seen a couple interesting looking men when I am on the Cliffs of Moher."

"Ha ha ha," Brian said as he stood up and kissed Justin, reminding him of what he had. "I love you, too." He smiled as Gus came out to get another book. "Rachel and Sonya are watching the kids. I have about half an hour of work I need to get to. Shout if you need anything."

Once Brian had left the kitchen, Justin helped clear the table. "Molly, you mentioned Brian looking like he grew up here. Do you know of anyone in particular he looks like?"

"Now, Justin, you aren't really thinking of looking for another strapping husband are you?"

"Of course not. There is no one that can compare to him, but I know I told you about seeing someone that looked similar to him. I have also had a couple times I have felt like someone is watching me, and then thought I noticed someone duck behind a rock or behind some other people."

"No, I just meant that there are lots of tall handsome men in the country."

"I have seen some of Brian's relatives and he does look a lot like them. I think I am just thrown off because of the magic of the country." He looked toward the den where he could hear Jessi giggling.

"Go be with your children. I know you are worried about Aaron. Dr. Doyle is going to be here about 11:30 and then we can all have lunch before putting them down for a nap."

"You're the best, Molly." Justin kissed her cheek and moved toward the sound of his heart, his family.

 

When Dr. Doyle arrived, Brian insisted Justin take the other kids outside while the doctor looked at Aaron's leg. "But, Brian, I need to..."

"You need to take the other kids outside for some fresh air. They have been in the house all morning and it is a beautiful day. If Aaron starts crying you know Gus and Jess will get very wound up."

"Fine," Justin kissed Aaron, and Brian gently took Justin's chin and kissed him. "Ok, Gus, go get your jacket." He put a light jacket on Jessi and the three of them went out the back door as Brian led the doctor into the den where Aaron sat on the sofa. 

"Dad, why don't you sit on the sofa and let your brave boy sit on your lap. These pajamas are perfect. I wish I had some like this." The doctor kept talking to Aaron about the characters on his pajamas and asked him questions about his brother and sister. Brian wrapped his arms around Aaron as the bandage on his leg was taken off. The little boy turned his head into Brian's chest and cried out as the doctor removed the packing he had put in the night before. Brian talked softly to Aaron and kissed him as the doctor rewrapped his leg. "Well, lad, you were very brave.  I promise, tomorrow I'll just look, and it shouldn't hurt at all."

Aaron took a deep, shaky breath and tried to smile at Dr. Doyle. Then he turned to Brian, "Lunch time? I hungry. Doctor, you have goody?"

"Ah, Molly gave you a special treat?"

"I liked it."

"I think most people do. I used to eat it as a little boy, just like you. But for lunch, I hope you will have a little more than just that."

The three of them talked as they walked out to the kitchen. Justin was just coming in with Gus and Jessi. Everyone sat around the table and Molly served a hearty shepherd's pie. The conversation was lighthearted. Dr. Doyle and Gus became fast friends while Jessi was a bit shy at first. By the time he was leaving, Jessi ran up to him and hugged his legs. He lifted the little girl up and kissed both of her chubby cheeks. "I will see you tomorrow, little one." 

"I'll take her," Rachel said. "Storytime before a nap." Jessi smiled and waved at Dr. Doyle as she was carried upstairs, followed by Sonya carrying Aaron. Brian and Gus followed the doctor outside, planning to follow him back into town so they could do some more research.

Justin started to help Molly but she would have none of it. "You go out and paint. There will not be many days as nice as this one."

"But phones just don't work well away from the house and..."

"I was thinking you could go to that beautiful meadow just beyond the garden. If we need you, I will ring the bell by the back door. You should hear it across the field, no matter where you set up." Justin opened his mouth but Molly raised her hand. "Go now. He will sleep for at least two hours and those young women love both of those little ones almost as much as you and your love."

 

"Brian," Maggie called to him as he walked in. "I just heard from Kate. Her da-in-law is in town today. He would like to have a pint with you. She also said if Gus can wait with me for a few minutes, she and my darling Fi will take him over to their house so the young ones can play.  Her da will point you to the right house when you are finished."

"How does that sound, Gus? Would you like to play with Fiona this afternoon?" Brian asked Gus.

"Can I? I would love that."

"Well, I think that is settled. Brian, you know where Daly's is, don't you?"

"I go to Main and take a left, right?"

"Yes, that's the one. Kate will expect you before supper, but I will let Molly know you will be later than usual if you like."

"Thank you so much, Maggie. You are all so good to us."

"I hear your other boy ended up at Doyle's last night. Is he doing well?"

"As long as he doesn't get an infection, he will be fine."

"Glad to hear it. Now get going. You don't want Jack Cain to get too many pints ahead of you, but why do I think you can hold your own when it comes to pints and whiskey."

Brian laughed, "Back in the day, I could hold my own." He hugged Gus goodbye. "You be good for Maggie and Kate."

"I will, Daddy. See you later."

 

"Now there is no doubt you are a Cain. Brian Cain?"

"Well, it is actually Brian Kinney, but yes, my grandfather was Cullan Cain. And you are Jack?"

"I am. Pint or whiskey?"

"A pint, thanks." Brian followed Jack to a back booth where the bartender brought them each a pint. "Thanks for talking to me."

"I don't know if I will be a lot of help. When I was in high school I heard the tale of your grandfather and his twin brother. Now, like I said, it was a story and by now you know the Irish tend to exaggerate just a bit." He laughed loudly and drank half his pint. 

"I understand. I will be happy to hear anything you can tell me."

"Well, lad, it is a sad tale. Did you know your granda?"

"No. I'm sure they told you my last name is Kinney."

"Yes, another strong Irish name."

"Well, it was given me by a drunken, unkind man. I was fortunate to meet my true father a few years ago."

"Well, your granda and his twin brother were born in the middle of a gale. It is said that the wind was so strong that it was blowing the thatch off of roofs. As they lay in a shared cradle, they didn't know it was twins, a fairy came and stole the real Quinn away and was replaced with a changeling. The story goes that from day one, Kellan was always a good boy and Quinn was always a lost boy. If he could do something bad he did it, and half the time he blamed your granda. When they were in grammar school the teachers soon learned who was the one to watch out for. By their teen years, your granda barely left his home. Quinn was sent to reformed school when they were around sixteen." Jack drained his pint and called across the pub for two more. 

Brian took the opportunity to ask a question, "What kind of things did he do? I mean was he a thief or..."

"Ah, laddy, that was the least of what he did. By the time he went away, he had nearly killed a school mate."

"At sixteen?"

"I don't know details, but the story goes that he was the town bully and by this time everyone stayed clear of him. He was sent away for nearly two years. That was when your granda and granny fell in love."

Brian was so enthralled he hadn't realized he had emptied his glass. Jack ordered another for each. "Jack, I have to be able to drive when I am done here."

"Oh, Brian my boy, you will not be driving home. My Kate will drive your van back and Maggie is planning on following to take her back home."

"You all have this planned already?"

"We do. And now let's go on with the story. When your granda heard Quinn was going to return, he tried to figure out how he could keep his ma and da safe. He didn't have to worry about them though, because when he was free, Quinn was ready for the city. He moved to Dublin."

"Let me guess, he didn't stay out of trouble long?"

"I knew you were a bright one, Brian. He had learned a lot in reform school and none of it good. His picture was soon popping up in the papers and the news, and your granda started getting threats. The local garda knew it wasn't him, but everywhere else, he was followed. Your granny couldn't take it. They loved each other so deeply, and they needed to be together, so they got married and left the country."

Brian drained his third pint. "What happened to Quinn? Why was he sent to prison?"

"You don't know? He came back looking for his brother and when he couldn't find him, he killed his parents."

Brian was stunned. He was sure his dad didn't know that. He would have told him. Jack stood and Brian followed him out of the pub. They walked the short distance to Kate's house in silence. As they stood on her doorstep, Brian said, "I have a question. I talked to the prison and they can't seem to find his death certificate. They seem to have lost his records. Do you know when he died?"

"Oh, Brian. I assumed you knew."

"Knew what?"

"Quinn Cain didn't die in prison. He was set free after 20 some years."

Before Brian could say anything else, the door was flung open and Gus rushed out. "Daddy!  Come in the house. You need to see what they have. They have kittens. I think Aaron needs a kitten, Daddy. I am sure that would make him feel so much better and it would make him happy."

Ten minutes later, Fiona and Gus sat in the van with a box between them. The kids talked excitedly in the back about the new kitten and were debating what Aaron would name him while Brian sat silently as Kate drove the van. Maggie was following behind them. As Kate pulled up to the house, Brian turned to her. "I am sorry. I am not very good company. Thank you so much for talking to your dad. I learned so much."

"But now you need to know more?" Kate questioned.

"I didn't know Quinn had gotten out. No wonder the prison doesn't have records of his death. At least now I know I need to look elsewhere. I wonder when he did die and where he died." 

They all got out of the van and Gus insisted on carrying the box, except he handed it to Brian long enough to give Fiona a hug. He turned to Kate and said, "Thank you, Kate. I had a very fun time."

"Well, Gus, you are welcome any time."

"Can Fi come and play here, soon?"

Kate looked at Brian who said, "Fiona is welcome here anytime, too. Justin and I are supposed to go away this weekend. I am sure Rachel and Sonya would love to have you come on Saturday. If that works for you, I'll have one of them call you."

"Please, Mama, can I?"

"I think we can make that work." Kate and Brian exchanged a hug before Kate and her daughter got into the car with Maggie. Gus took the kitten back and Brian waved as Maggie drove away.  Brian opened the door and Gus entered the house and went directly to the den where Aaron spent most of his time lately. 

"Hey, I was wondering when you were going to get home. Molly just said..."

"Daddy J., I have something to give Aaron." Gus stood there holding onto the box.

"For me?" Aaron asked. "What is it?"

Brian walked over and kissed Justin. "Molly gave you a heads up?" he asked softly. Justin nodded. 

"Daddy, up!" Jessi demanded pulling herself up on his pant leg. Brian picked her up so she could see the top of the box.

Gus and Aaron lifted the lid of the box and curled up on a towel was a kitten. The kitten had long, gray fur with a bib of white and a long tail that was all fluff. "Kitty!" Aaron squealed. The kitten stretched and opened his eyes. They were the bluest eyes any of them had ever seen on a cat. The kitten crawled out of the box and immediately settled on Aaron's lap.

"He is so beautiful." Justin reached around Aaron and pet the little fluffball.  

"Aaron, this is your friend. You get to name him."

Aaron was too busy petting the kitten to listen.

"Brian, how was your afternoon?" Justin resettled Aaron on the sofa with Gus right next to him. 

"Let's get Sonya or Rachel in here. I can give you the basics before supper."

After a text, Rachel appeared in a couple minutes and after taking Jessi from Brian she sat down with Jessi and the boys to meet the kitten.

Brian and Justin went into the living room and Justin put his arms around Brian's waist. "So did Jack know anything?"

Brian kissed Justin and walked away, to stare out the window. Justin moved behind him and slipped his arms up under Brian's as he told him, "He killed his parents! That's why he ended up in prison."

"Oh, Bri, that's terrible!"

"They told Cullan to move to the states. They felt safe because Quinn didn't want to move back to the small town. I am sure my grandfather felt guilty about it. He had to feel like he had deserted them."

Justin kissed Brian's shoulder blade. "How long was he in prison? Did he know when Quinn died?"

"Do you believe they let him go? After 20 some years he was paroled. That's why the prison didn't know when he died but Jack doesn't know when he died either."

"It sounds like he had some good information for you. And that kitten, he is so gorgeous."

"Ya, it was all Gus' idea. How was Aaron today?"

"He is doing well but he is getting bored. The kitten may be just what he needed."

"So, if he is doing well, can we get away, just the two of us?"

"Brian, I don't know if..."

"Justin, we aren't going to be far away. I just have a little get away planned and if need be we could be back in an hour. With Molly, and both Rach and Sonya, everything will be well taken care of. I need to get away. I just need time with you where no one else needs me. I need to have a little break from all this. Dad is going to be crushed. I am supposed to get Quinn's criminal records next week. Before I start digging into that I just want you. We are going on a boat, just off the coast. I don't know if it will be warm enough for us to lay naked on deck but if it is, I plan to do it and we can make love under the stars."

Justin was a little unsettled about leaving Aaron, but he knew Brian was right. The three women could handle the household. It was unusual for Brian to want to get away. It would be nice to have only each other for a couple days. "That sounds perfect, Brian. I can't think of any place I'd rather be than alone in your arms."

The family had supper together and then Brian and Justin took their time putting the kids to bed.  Aaron had the kitten sleeping in bed with them. Aaron was still talking about his new pet's name as he drifted off.  

 

Brian and Justin lay in bed covered with a thin coat of sweat over their skin. "Did you get any painting done today?" Brian asked as he ran his hand through Justin's hair.

"I did. I went over to the pasture so I was close to the house." 

Brian could sense there was something on his mind. "What is it?"

"I don't know what it is about this country but I keep feeling like I am being watched, and more than feeling it, I keep seeing the same guy. He is always so far away, I can't really see him. I am just starting to think I am going a little crazy."

"Maybe it is your guardian angel?"

Justin turned into him and said, "You don't think I'm crazy?"

"I think anything is possible in this country."

Justin smiled sweetly at Brian, "There is something magical about this place." He kissed Brian and then turned his back to him and Brian spooned him tightly against him. "Have you thought about what we are going to do with the kitten when we go back home?"

"We'll figure it out. Get some sleep. We both know tomorrow will be another busy day. Every day is with our crew. Love you."

"I love you, too, Brian." Both men felt comfort in the other's arms as their minds went different directions. Brian was thinking about the stranger that was his great uncle, while Justin thought about the stranger on the hill.

 

Chapter 5 by Simply written

 

"Daddy, kitty needs name." Aaron said as Justin gave him a sponge bath and put on a clean pair of pajamas as a gray ball of fluff danced across his chest and he giggled. As Justin helped him sit up, he said. "Is Papa coming to visit? I miss Papa. I miss Gamma, too."

"Is Aaron ready for breakfast?" Gus asked, entering the bedroom. 

"Need kitty name, Gus, and I miss Papa and Gamma."

"Why don't you name the kitten Kevin. That's Papa's name."

Aaron smiled, "Kevin, the kitty." The kitten pounced on him as he said it.

Justin laughed, "Kevin it is."

"Grandpa will like that, Aaron," Gus said as he picked up Kevin and Justin picked up Aaron and they all went down to the kitchen.  

"Kevin has name," Aaron said proudly as Justin set him on his now familiar chair setup.

"And who is Kevin, my lad?" Molly asked as she set some porridge in front of him. She had apples and raisins in it along with cinnamon and nutmeg.  

"Kevin is the kitty name," Aaron said proudly. 

Brian gave him a big smile. "You named the kitten after Grandpa?"

"I miss Papa."

"Later today we can do a video call with him. Would you like that?"

"Yes, peeze."

Justin kept glancing out the window. It was a warm day and the sun was climbing. Molly looked at Brian and then between Justin and Aaron. Brian nodded. "Babe, go. I will stay around the house today. Maybe Fi can come and play when she is done with school?"

"Yes, PLEEEASE!" Gus said excitedly.

"Are you sure, Brian? You don't have any work you need to do?"

"Go paint a masterpiece and make us a million." Justin slipped into Brian's lap and kissed him. His hand rested on Justin's ass, and as the kiss deepened they both felt the other's cock respond. "We both need this weekend."

"You're right. We do." Brian and Justin separated and Justin stood up to go.

Molly set a basket on the counter. "Keep a watch out. After 4:00 we could get rain. You don't want to get stuck on the mohar in a storm. In fact, I will text or send Liam out if I see clouds rolling in."

Justin kissed her cheek, "Thank you, Molly. I will be home around 5:00 I think. Later than that the shadows and light change." He kissed each of the kids and turned his family over to the women. He knew Brian wouldn't leave the house with Aaron stuck there. It was going to be nice enough Brian would take him out into the garden. And he could only imagine the fun of watching the kids and the kitten. Before getting on the scooter he texted Brian and told him to take pictures if they did go outside. He would enjoy painting something like that on a colder day or once they returned to Pittsburgh. As he drove the scooter to the cliffs he thought about the conversation he had had with Brian a couple days ago. Brian was trying to get their trip extended to the end of November. They all wanted an additional month.

 

The day was more like early August than the end of September. There were a few older couples walking on the beach but children were in school now. Justin focused on a ship out at sea. He was drawn in when he saw the whales. He sat on a rock, watching the whales and eating the lunch Molly had packed for him. She knew him well by now. There was some cheese and bread along with some pickles, and she never forgot dessert. Today it was a slice of apple cake. And there was always a small glass of wine along with a big bottle of water. He was in no rush. Today he was just here to soak up the atmosphere. 

 

"Kevin, come back here." Gus said as he ran after the kitten and Aaron and Jessi giggled as he fell and the kitten came running back to him. "Daddy, go away with Daddy? Aaron asked."

"Yes, not tomorrow but the next day, Daddy and I are going away for two nights. Molly, Rachel, and Sonya will take care of you, and Dr. Doyle will stop sometime while we are gone."

"I getting better, Daddy. I play with Gus."

"Not yet, my love." Brian couldn't help but see Justin as a little boy when he looked at Aaron.  And so much like him. He hated being left on the sidelines. Kevin came back to Aaron and crawled up on the chair cushion Aaron was sitting on in the grass. The kitten curled up next to Aaron and they both dozed off. Jessi fell asleep on one of the lounge chairs with Brian next to her. A little later Fiona and Gus went with Sonya on a little hike toward the cliffs and Rachel watched over the sleeping little ones and the kitten named Kevin.

Brian looked at his watch. He hoped he could catch his dad and tell him about yesterday's encounter with a long lost relative. He tried to get through but all he got was his dad's voice saying he wasn't available and probably wouldn't be able to return the call until tomorrow. "Dad, I found a relative. He's told me a story. Let me know when we can talk. Oh, and by the way, we now have a kitten in the family named Kevin. Aaron misses you. We all..." the line went dead. 

Brian went to the little office and started writing up the story he had been told. He started thinking about his grandfather and then about his great-grandparents. He still had so many questions. How were they killed? When did Quinn get out? Where did he die? He hoped Jack would talk to him again.

 

When Justin finished his lunch, he packed up the basket, and as he turned to look inland, again he was sure there was someone on the edge of a group of trees, watching him. After a couple seconds the figure walked toward the sheep on the hill. Out loud he said, "Justin, you are losing it. It's a farmer looking after his stock." Justin again sat on the rock and sketched the hill and the animals.  

"Excuse me, young man?" Justin jumped and turned to see an older woman behind her. "I didn't mean to surprise you. Do you know that young man that was looking after you?"

"A young man?"

"Yes, you saw him by the trees."

"I did but he is just the shepherd for the sheep."

"No, he isn't. I think he is up to no good. I will call the owner and let him know someone was checking out his herd. We don't often have theft around here but ..." the woman seemed to forget she was carrying on a conversation and wandered toward the only car parked in the lot. 

"Oh shit," Justin said softly as he noticed the clouds rolling in from the sea. He packed up quickly and headed the scooter toward home. As he sped up, he felt the first rain drop and the wind was picking up. As he pulled the scooter under a carport he grabbed the paints and canvas. He stored them in the studio as he turned to look out the window. There was a shadow that moved quickly away as the man saw Justin turning but when he rushed to the window, the only thing he saw was the wind had picked up and the rain was now coming down steadily.  

The door flew open and Brian rushed in, locking the door behind him. "Come here, young man, we have a few minutes before supper and I plan to have my way with you."

"What are you doing you crazy..." Brian cut off his words as his mouth claimed Justin's and they moved up the steps where there was an old mattress stored and the men collapsed onto it.

Twenty minutes later they were redressed and were standing by the studio door waiting for a break in the downpour. "You know, you really scared me just before you came in. I saw that shadow by the window and..."

"What window?" Brian asked and Justin pointed to the back window. "I was never on that side of the building. It was raining so I just sprinted over. I watched that ass of yours walk through the door and..."

"Brian, don't tease me. It was your silhouette. If it wasn't you, who the hell was it?"

"Justin, it's storming out there. Did you think you saw him again today?"

"I thought it might be, and then I saw him walk through the sheep and decided it was just the shepherd. But then this older lady started talking to me and she said it wasn't the owner. He was almost at our house. What if it was him? You haven't ever asked Maggie about this have you?"

"No. But I am sure Molly has. If they know anything about him, it is either one of their mythical story creatures or there is a man that is stalking us. No, he is stalking me."

"I promise, after we get back from our trip, I will really look into this. I will hire someone if I need to and have them search for us."

"Do you think we need to worry about leaving?"

"No, but Liam is going to stay at Molly's cottage and Molly will sleep here at the main house."

"That makes me feel better." Justin pulled his phone out. "Molly said dinner, no, supper, is ready. Guess we are going to get wet."

They started out the door and the rain stopped. "Molly even has control of the weather." Hand in hand they made a dash to the back door.

 

After dinner, Brian and Justin watched a movie with the kids and then helped them settle into bed. When they left the boys room, Kevin was laying on Aaron's pillow with one paw on his cheek.

"Kevin. I never expected that." Brian laughed, "I think I will call him KC. Kevin the Cat fits." Brian's phone rang and he looked at it. "Speaking of Kevin..."

Justin kissed him. "I want to talk to him but I will give you a few minutes to talk first." 

Justin left the room as Brian answered, "Hey, Dad! Sounds like you had a busy day today."

"What's this about a kitten named Kevin?"

Brian let Kevin know Aaron was healing well, but the kitten was a gift so he would have something new to play with. Brian then changed the subject to his meeting with Jack Cain. Brian spoke while Kevin listened silently.

"I had no idea Quinn killed my grandparents. No wonder my father never talked about it. The guilt he must have had. If he had stayed there he would probably have been killed, too, but that isn't the way he would have thought."

Justin came back into the room and Brian put the phone on speaker phone. "Hi Kevin. The kids sure miss you. Do you think you will be able to come visit?"

"I am hoping to come in a few weeks. Blake and I have hired someone new. That happened today. She will do the business end of the place. I will still be his checks and balances, but she is a great person. She has degrees in both business and counseling. I know Tom can handle Atlanta, but I haven't been able to go down as often as I would like."

"Oh, the kids will be so excited."

"Justin, I am sure they are missing your mom, too. Is she going to be able to come for a visit?"

"If we stay until the end of November she will probably come the last two weeks. Rachel and Sonya plan to stay for a couple extra weeks so it would be nice to have her help with the kids. Justin filled him in.

"Dad, I will send you the notes I typed up with the story and I hope to have beers with him again soon."

"Don't fall for all his blarney," Kevin chuckled.

"In case you could make it work, the kids might like a video call on Saturday. Brian and I are going away for a couple days so a little Grandpa time would be great. Just set it up with Rachel or Sonya."

"I will do that. I hope you two have something planned for ‘you' time."

"We are going to be on a boat with a crew of two. We hope to see a few whales and hope to have uninterrupted time together." Brian pulled Justin close and Justin kissed his cheek.

"Love you all. You are amazing dads and really deserve this time away."

Simultaneously Brian and Justin said they loved him, too, and then he was gone. Silently, Justin offered his hand to Brian and they went into the bathroom together. Justin started the bath water and Brian started the fireplace that heated both the bathroom and the bedroom. "I have a feeling we could lose power with this storm still going on out there. This will give us enough light if it does."

"And for such a warm day the temperature has definitely dropped out there." Justin slipped into the tub after adding some herb oils Molly had left in the bathroom. The room filled with a heavenly scent. It was neither feminine or masculine, but from the first breath they were both almost hypnotized by the essence. "Brian, are you coming?"

As Brian let his pants drop to the floor, the electricity went out. By the light of the flames and the flashing of lightning, Brian walked across the room and sank into the tub behind Justin. "I know you feel like you are being watched. You know I am only a text away, and Justin, I am the only one that can have you. Just tell him that next time you see him." With that, Justin turned to face Brian while Brian's finger invaded his small brown bud. With one stroke of his prostate, Justin spasmed and shot cum all over Brian's stomach and chest. Brian moved and the two of them, though barely fitting, lay on their sides in the tub and explored each other's bodies until the water began to cool. They quickly rinsed off before getting out of the tub, and after drying off they got into bed and in minutes were sleeping in each other's arms.

 

The next day was a big day for Aaron. Today Dr. Doyle was going to close up Aaron's wound. He felt the risk of infection had passed and he didn't want the little boy to have a major scar at such a young age. Justin gave Aaron medicine the doctor had supplied before they left the house, and by the time they arrived, he was sleeping. Brian carried him in and while he was out, the doctor numbed the leg. He hoped the little boy would stay asleep as he worked. He worked quickly and efficiently, spending most of his time on closing the surface. He did leave a small opening for drainage but it would leave only a scar of about half an inch. Aaron was waking up as Justin carried him out. He waved sleepily at the doctor as Justin put him in his carseat. 

The rest of the day was a lazy one. Aaron slowly woke up and was thrilled to know that he was now allowed to walk around a little. They set the rule that he could walk on the main floor of the house and on the little garden patio. He was not allowed to climb steps yet, but on Monday, if he had no issues over the weekend, he could try the steps with help. 

Sonya and Rachel took the kids after dinner. Brian had a couple business deals to check on and Justin stood in the kitchen with Molly. "Molly, you have been here all day. I can finish up..."

"No, I need to finish here. I have a couple things I want to do for tomorrow. Sit and have a cup of tea. Talk to me. I can tell you have something on your mind."

"Molly, do you know anything about the man I keep seeing? Brian doesn't say it, but I think he might think I'm losing it. With my head injury history..."

"Brian knows you believe it and that is all that counts to him."

"I feel like you are avoiding my question. What do you know?"

"Maggie has been doing research about the Quinn branch of the family. We know he had two children. We also know his children changed their last name. Their mother remarried and they took their step father's last name. That has made it more difficult for her, but she will keep looking. When Brian gets the records from the prison, make sure he shares them with her. It may give the new last name."

"That is all great information but are you trying to say you think one of his relatives could be watching me?"

"It's just that a couple locals are saying your Brian looks like someone they have seen before. Maybe the genes run strong in the Cain family." Molly walked around the kitchen and put an arm around Justin. "He loves you. He believes you. Maggie will do her sleuthing and I will keep asking around. If there's a stranger in town, he will eventually be seen. Now, go drag your husband up those stairs and pack. You leave early tomorrow morning."

"Thanks, Maggie. I just wonder..."

"Stop wondering. Get packing." She wrapped her arms around him and held him for several moments. 

"Now, Molly, I know he is gorgeous, but please, stop trying to steal my man."

"Even if I was young and beautiful, I know I would never be able to distract your Justin. I just told him to collect you and that you should pack. Your children will be well loved while you are gone." 

With that said, Brian and Justin walked hand in hand to their room.

 

Brian and Justin had gotten up at 6:00, wanting to be out of the house before the kids got up.  They had said goodbye to the kids the night before so it was easier to actually be gone when they got up. The sun was just coming up over the hills when Liam drove them to the marina and helped them take out their luggage. A young man with red hair was waiting for them at the dock.

"Good morning, Mr. Kinney and Mr. Taylor. I'll be your first mate. You can call me Ginger." 

"Are you sure you aren't Gilligan?" Brian said, laughing as Justin swatted his shoulder. "Sorry, I could just hear our seven year old son saying something like that."

"And please, I'm Justin and the smartass next to me is Brian. Nice to meet you, Ginger."

"I'm used to the teasing, and just so you know, unless Skipper has something for me to do, I am at your service for any request you may have, and after meeting you, I do mean ANYTHING."

They had been walking as they talked and now they had arrived at the yacht. Justin looked at the large boat. "Bri, you never told me it was this big!" 

They boarded the ship and Ginger called out, "Skipper, we have arrived!" 

A petite brunette woman appeared out a side door. "Brian, great to see you again. And you must be Justin." She moved assuredly and shook first Brian's and then Justin's hand. "Just call me Skipper. Not to rush you, but I have heard there is a pod of whales moving along the coast. We should meet up with them about 10:00 and by that time it will be a much more pleasant temperature. I'm going to have Ginger help cast off and then he will show you down to your cabin and you two can entertain yourselves for a couple hours. Or, if you would like Ginger to help get the party started just let him know."

Ten minutes later Skipper was at the bridge and Ginger moved from spot to spot loosening ropes until they were moving away from the dock.

"You know it is going to be too chilly to spend time naked on the deck," Justin stepped closer to Brian, whose arms tightened around him. They looked to the shoreline as the sun crested the hill making the sea come alive with shimmering light on the waves. Brian turned Justin to face him and Justin melted against him. They kissed as they swayed to the motion of the boat.

"Hey, guys, if you are ready I can take you down or I can bring your stuff to the room and you can go down later. It is a magical time of the day."

"Thanks, Ginger, I think for now we will stay up here," Justin said to the congenial man who was probably about his age.

"If you'd like to sit down, there is a bench over there," he pointed to the back of the boat. "If you lift the seat you will find some nice warm blankets and there are life jackets there, too. Enjoy the morning sun and I will show you around in half an hour or so. Oh, and do you prefer coffee or tea? I will go brew a pot of whatever you prefer."

"Coffee would be great. We'll be over on the bench." They strode hand in hand to the bench and pulled out a large, wool blanket. They wrapped it around both of them and sat down on the bench that was more of a sofa. It had comfortable cushions on it and Brian and Justin kissed and then sat silently watching the light play over the ocean. 

"Here you go, gentlemen." Ginger walked out with a tray and set a carafe on a table to the side of the bench. The carafe fit snugly in a specified spot and he then handed them each a travel mug of coffee. "We have found out this is the best way to serve coffee. I didn't ask but I had a feeling both of you would enjoy fresh Irish cream and a bit of sugar. If that isn't satisfactory, I will get another pot."

"This is perfect, Ginger. Give us a little time to enjoy it and then show us our cabin?"

"My pleasure." Ginger disappeared down a small set of steps leaving them alone on the deck.

"Are you sure Aaron will be Ok? I feel like we should have waited..." Justin worried.

Brian tightened his arm around him and kissed him, letting his tongue move in and run along the roof of Justin's mouth, causing him to shiver. "Our boy is in good hands and we will be refreshed when we get back."

"We'll be tired and sore, but it will be worth it," Justin said, laughing as his hand slipped into Brian's lap just as Ginger returned.

"Hope I'm not interrupting. If it is a good time for you, I'll show you around and then once you get settled we will be getting near the whales. Of course we can't promise, but they have been in the area."

Ginger took them down the steps and led them down a short hallway. Opening the door at the end of the hall, they entered a very comfortable cabin. "I am in the cabin next to you. Skipper has the other cabin down here. I believe she told you, we anchor every night so we both get a good night's sleep," he looked at them, "unless you would like to keep me up or would like me to keep you up!" He raised and lowered his eyebrows a couple times.

"It has been a long time since we played like that," Brian said honestly, looking at Justin.

"We'll let you know, Ginger," Justin said, smiling at the handsome redhead. "It might remind us of the old days, before we had three children to take care of."

"I will definitely need to see pictures later, but right now I am wanted on the bridge. Please feel free to wander the yacht. The only room that says ‘stay out' is the engine room and that is for your safety. Other than that you have free run of the ship."

Ginger left them alone in their room. It wasn't huge but they had enough room to move around, and the bathroom, although not huge, wasn't like some ship bathrooms. "Did I tell you there is a hot tub at the front of the ship?" Brian asked as he walked up behind him and slipped his hands into the front of Justin's pants.

"I do believe you did," he said, pushing his ass against Brian's crotch. "I think you mentioned it was clothing optional."

"Well, I do believe you're right," Brian began to undo Justin's fly.

"Brian, damn, I want to make love but, how often do we get to see a school of whales."

Brian brought his mouth down to Justin's ear. "Did you just say a school of whales?"

"Yes," Justin stepped out of his arms. Pod of whales. I know it is a pod but you distracted me!"

"I plan to distract you a lot in the next few days, but I agree, we need to see the whales and take a lot of pictures for the kids."

"I'll grab the camera."

"I'll take a piss." Brian kissed him before he stepped into the bathroom.

 

"Whales off the port side!" Skipper called out. Ginger pointed out to sea and as they looked they saw a large humpback breach the surface. For the next hour Justin snapped pictures. Even Ginger and Skipper were enthralled. "I have never seen this many at a time and they are just staying near us."

"The kids would love this!" Brian said as he noticed a mother with her calf. Brian stood next to Justin with an arm around his waist.  

Justin turned to him and kissed him. "This is so amazing."'  

Skipper finally slowed a bit and the whales moved on without them. "I try not to interrupt their journey for too long. Hopefully we will see more tomorrow."

Brian pulled Justin close and lowered his mouth. Justin reached up and wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled his head down even lower to deepen the kiss.  

"Don't mean to interrupt, but in case you are interested the area you haven't seen yet is the top deck. That is where the hot tub is and there is also a lounging area, basically a big bed, up there. If you want privacy, just put up the red flag. If you would like me to come up to serve you, put up the green flag. The phone up there will ring on the bridge if you would like any food or drink delivered. It is also the best view up there."

"Thanks, Ginger." They started moving toward the steps.  

"Oh, and we will bring lunch to you at about half noon. That is about an hour from now," Ginger said as he went to the rail and began to straighten up some ropes.

Justin took Brian's hand and led him up the flight of stairs. When they arrived at the top they looked around. "This is a great view," Brian commented.

"It will be even better as soon as we take off these unnecessary clothes." Justin began to pull Brian's wool sweater off. "Or will it be too chilly up here?"

"The lounge area, hell, it's a bed, the bed area is heated." Brian began to undo Justin's fly and they fell into the circle of cushions and blankets. There was a sheet over the mattress. Soon they had lost their clothes and laid on the softest cotton sheets they had ever felt with a large, warm blanket over them.

Justin began to move down Brian's long, lean body. When he took Brian's cock in his mouth, Brian sighed. Feeling Justin's mouth and tongue sent a shiver through him, and when Justin began to suck gently on his balls he cried out from the pure pleasure of it. When he wasn't sure he could take any more, he moved, changing Justin's position so he lay over the row of pillows and Brian entered him. As he did so, he reached around and grabbed Justin's cock, gently tugging on it as he began to move quickly and with force.

"Damn, Brian, faster!  Harder!" Together they tumbled over the edge to bliss. They fell back into the center of the mattress, a tangle of arms and legs and the blanket.

"Fuck, that was ...."

"Must be the sea air," Justin smiled at Brian and they both started to chuckle, then they started laughing so hard they couldn't stop. Every time they had nearly pulled it together one of them would start to giggle again.

"Excuse me, am I interrupting something?" Ginger spoke from the top of the steps. Brian stood and helped Justin up. Both stood totally naked and very quickly started to shiver. Ginger set a tray on a table and quickly opened a cabinet and pulled out two very plush robes. "It is a shame to cover up that much beauty, but alas, it is too chilly to stay all natural." Ginger handed Brian one robe and helped Justin on with his. 

Once they were both in warm robes, Ginger said, "We have a hearty mutton stew and fresh bread, along with apple crumble and lightly whipped cream. Let me know if you need anything else." He lifted the cloche off of the tray. "Oh, we also have some Irish coffee to warm you up a bit."

"This looks fantastic! Did you make all this?" Justin asked as he took a bowl Ginger offered. 

"No, I'm afraid not. We have a gourmet shop that makes all our meals and I just take a little care to warm them."

Brian took a big bite of the stew, "Don't tell Molly this, but this is great."

"But Molly's soda bread is better, although this is very good, too." Justin added.

"If you are both warm enough, and don't need anything, I will leave you both to your meal. If you would like me to return, press this buzzer and I will return." Ginger pointed to a button on the edge of the table. "I will be back up in an hour unless you come down before then. We do have a couple scenic spots many people enjoy seeing, not that the whole coast isn't gorgeous." He moved to the stairs. "Enjoy your lunch," and he disappeared down the stairs.

 

After eating lunch, they decided to go down to the cabin and changed into warmer clothes. It was after 3:30 when they returned on deck. Ginger was just heading toward the steps to get them. He led them to the rail and pointed. Following Ginger's finger, they saw a cove that Skipper guided the boat into. Although the cliffs were steep on three sides, there was an isolated beach totally inaccessible, except by boat. 

"Skipper thought you might like to take a stroll on the beach. The sand will only be exposed for a couple hours before the tide comes back in. There are usually spectacular shells this time of year."

"The boat can't go in far enough, can it?" Justin asked.

"Not this one, but the dingy can easily make it. As soon as the anchor is dropped, I will take you in and I will pick you up before the tide comes in."

Brian glanced at Justin, "Sure why not. It looks great."

"Meet me in five minutes at the gate. I will have a blanket and a small basket of snacks for you to take along." 

 

Soon they were on the little inflatable boat landing on the beach. "It is always warmer here. It seems like the wind never lands here. There is a blanket to sit on and an extra in case you need to wrap one around you. There is some hot tea and sweets in the basket." Ginger jumped out and pulled the boat a little further up so they would not have to step in the water and, once they were on the sand, Ginger shoved the boat back into the water and jumped in. As he restarted the motor, he waved at Brian and Justin. 

They walked the length of the beach in silence and found a spot in full sun. They sat down where they could rest against a large rock. They laid one of the blankets over the rock so they could pull it around them while they sat on the other one. There were cups of tea and a container with several varieties of cookies and cakes. They sat silently for several minutes before Justin said, "It truly is magical here," Justin took a sip of tea. Some of these seashells are so perfect. I could paint them and never do them justice."

"You would make them look even more beautiful." Brian kissed him lightly and took a swallow of tea. "I've never been much for tea but this stuff is..."

"If I had to guess, this is an herbal tea and whatever the herbs are, they are making me feel warm. Have you ever tasted anything as good as these cakes?"

"They are good," Brian smiled at Justin. "Have I told you how much I love you?"

"You tell me and show me every day, Bri." Justin reached up and touched Brian's cheek. "I don't know if I could live without you. We are a perfect fit. Our kids fill in the gaps we may have and your dad, my mom and sister, they complete us."

"Ya," Brian said as he finished his cup of tea." Brian pointed toward the boat. "I think the tide is moving in. But do you see the colors in the sky?" Brian started laughing, "Or is it just me."

"The sun is starting to set." Justin snapped as many pictures as he could and then sat back and sighed. "It is almost otherworldly here."

"As much as I don't want to lose my buzz, Ginger is heading back." While Brian packed the basket, Justin folded the blankets. By the time Ginger arrived onshore they were there to meet him.

"This beach... It is just so special." Justin started to say.

"This beach will be gone in twenty minutes. What made it so special was your love, and from what I have seen, that will last a hundred years." Ginger gunned the boat engine and Brian and Justin wrapped their arms around each other tightly.

"He's right, you know," Justin said softly.

"I have no doubt about that. We may not be here in a hundred years but our kids and grandkids and great grandkids will pass on stories about how much we loved them and each other."

As they neared the boat Justin brought his lips to Brian's, and as they brushed against each other a beam of sun back lit them like halos.

"Damn, I want what you guys have," Ginger said as he tossed the rope to Skipper.

 

Chapter 6 by Simply written

 

Before dinner Brian and Justin spent time on the top deck as the sky turned from a light orange to shades of pink. Brian wrapped his arms around Justin, who relaxed against him. "Damn, does it ever get this perfect in Pittsburgh?" Brian said before kissing the top of Justin's head.

"It is stunning, but as long as I am with you, it doesn't matter where we are." He paused for a moment and then continued, "I was wondering how long it has been since we've gone 24 hours without hearing ‘daddy' or ‘dada'?"

"I already miss them but I am so enjoying this, just the two of us. Well, I guess there are four, but Skipper sticks to herself and Ginger, are we game for him to join us?" Justin questioned.

"Join us?" he raised his eyebrows.

"I mean back in the day we invited others in and enjoyed a little playtime."

"How about we play it by ear? An extra pair of hands and an extra mouth might be a kick for a change." Brian hesitated before asking, "Justin, do you miss it?"

"Miss it? Other guys? Brian, you never leave me wanting or needing more." Justin looked up at him and kissed him. "As long as I have you, I will never need anyone else."

"Excuse me, gentlemen," Ginger said from below the stairs, "Dinner will be served in ten minutes near the bow of the ship." 

"Sounds good. We're on our way," Brian responded as Justin stood and offered his hand to him. Together they moved down the stairs and after a quick stop in their cabin, they moved to the front of the boat. A screen had been set up around one side of the table and chairs diverting a gentle breeze. In the center of the table, there was a heat source, glowing red. 

They were served a three course meal, starting with a creamy leek soup, followed by fresh fish and risotto, and it was followed by roasted stone fruit and fresh whipped cream. 

As Ginger cleared away the last of the dishes, he inquired, "Would you like me to assist with anything else this evening?"

"Ginger, I think we are both too full and tired for fun and games tonight. Did I remember correctly, you are a masseuse?" Brian asked.

"I am. Would a couples massage interest you tomorrow?"

"I think that would be great!" Justin responded.

"I will plan on it. Now I will leave you. If you need anything, you know how to get one of us, but otherwise, we will leave you the rest of the evening. When you wake in the morning, just let us know when you would like breakfast. We thought you might enjoy an American breakfast tomorrow, something a little lighter."

"That sounds perfect, Ginger. Thank you for everything." Brian squeezed Ginger's shoulder.

"I am just doing my job."

"Well, you do it very well." Justin said as both he and Brian kissed one of Ginger's cheeks. Just for fun Brian let his hand brush against the porter's cock and he felt it instantly jerk. 

"Good night," he said a bit flustered as he turned and disappeared into the ship's salon.

"You did that on purpose," Justin said as he slipped his arms around Brian's waist and pressed his pelvis against Brian.

"I am far too full for many fun and games. What do you say we watch the stars for a while on the upper deck, and then go down to our room? We have two more days to enjoy every inch of each other." Brian started running his hand along Justin's jaw and moved it downward.

"That sounds about as perfect as it gets." Justin said, taking Brian's hand he led him upstairs where they dropped onto the bed. They pulled a soft wool blanket over themselves. Justin rested his head on Brian's shoulder as Brian's arm pulled him close. "Do you think the kids miss us?" Justin said as he slipped his hand into Brian's sweater.

"Today, they probably never thought about us. They are well cared for. Should we call them tomorrow?"

Justin moved so the top half of his body was laying on Brian and he kissed him before moving back to his original position. "And that's one of the reasons I love you so much." 

"And another reason?" Brian asked. Justin's hand moved into Brian's pants. Brian sighed loudly. "Looking for a second dessert?"

Justin slipped under the blankets as Brian undid his fly.

 

"Babe, we fell asleep. What time is it?" Justin snuggled deeper under the blanket and against Brian's body heat. 

Brian pulled him closer. "I guess we did. Should we go down to our cabin or...?" Brian pointed to the sky. "Look at that."

Justin looked up to the sky. There were stars everywhere, but along with the stars was a meteor shower. "I have never seen that many falling stars," he whispered. "What are you wishing for?"

"The only thing I need is to know my kids are happy and healthy. I don't need anything else. I have you."

"You're right. I hope someone else can use our wishes. Ours have already come true."

"Maybe we can use one. Our kids are still growing and we know how easy it is for one to get hurt." Brian looked over at Justin. "Let's head to our cabin. It is getting cold and it will get worse before it gets better." They kept the blanket wrapped around each other as they descended to their cabin. They undressed and got into bed where they fell asleep quickly.

When Justin woke much later he thought he was dreaming, but quickly realized that the warmth on his rigid cock was not a dream. Brian's skilled tongue began to tease the opening at the head of his cock. As soon as Brian slid his hand between his legs and massaged his perineum he lost control. 

Once the orgasm was over, Brian slid his naked body up against Justin's, dragging his tongue along the way. When he made it up to Justin's mouth he smiled and said, "Good morning," and then brushed his mouth against Justin's.

"What time is it?" Justin said, his voice raspy from sleep.

"It's around 8:15. I'll let Ginger know we're awake. Half hour until breakfast?"

"Why don't we say 9:00." He brushed his hand down Brian's body until he reached his hard on.  "I think we have something to take care of. Give me ten minutes and then come join me." Justin strode into the bathroom and shut the door.

After Justin used the toilet, Brian joined him in the shower. The shower was tight quarters but they managed to make love under the stream of water. It wasn't long before the water was cooling down, so they quickly finished washing up and got out. At 9:00 they walked out of their room. They found breakfast set up in the salon. There were toasted bagels and a warm sheep's cheese to spread on them, and there were some stewed apples that were spiced and, although it was breakfast, had the most subtle hint of whiskey in them.  

Ginger came over and filled their cups with very fresh coffee and offered cream and sugar to them. "Will this be satisfactory, gentlemen?"

"This is great," Just said as he took a bite of the bagel. 

"What time would you like to schedule the massages?" Ginger asked.

"We aren't going to need lunch for a while," Justin smiled at him. "We are going to call our kids and I might sketch for a while." He looked at Brian.

Brian looked at Ginger, "Does it work for you and Skipper if we have lunch around 1:00 or 1:30?  Then after lunch, when you are ready, we can have massages." 

"That sounds perfect. I will set up on the bow of the ship and unless you need something, I will give you your privacy until lunch." Ginger began to walk away. "The heaters are turned on upstairs. It should be pleasant for both of you up there," and then smiled and added, "even if you forget your work." He sauntered away not looking back to see the smile on Brian and Justin's faces.

 

Brian and Justin collected some items from their cabin and settled on the top deck. The first thing they did was call the kids.

When Aaron got on the phone, Brian asked, "How is Kevin?"

"Love him," he said and then he said, "Daddies, I lonely."

"We will be home in a couple days, Aaron," Justin responded.

"Not you. I miss Grandma. Need a Jenn Kitty."

Brian laughed, "I can tell you are doing just fine without us."

Jessi did seem to miss them. She had a waver in her voice when she said, "Daddy, where you?" and then, "Come home?"

"Oh, baby girl, we will be home soon. We love you," Brian said.

They listened to Gus talk about the play date he had coming up today and that Sonya was taking them to a museum in a small town nearby. And they wrapped up the call talking to Rachel. 

"Well, it sounds like they are all doing well," Justin said. He stood and kissed Brian who grabbed his hand so he couldn't walk away.  

"But Jessi, that little voice. It makes me want to tell Skipper to head for the nearest port."

Justin sat on Brian's lap, "I do still have a few things planned for..." he lowered his mouth to Brian's and lowered his hand to his crotch. Justin's tongue darted in and out of Brian's mouth as his finger flicked against Brian's cock through the fabric of his pants. When Justin stood up it was obvious Brian was extremely aroused.

Smiling up at Justin he said, "Ya, I think I'd like to finish those plans, too, but our little girl just melts my heart."

"I knew she belonged to us. I know it took you a second heartbeat to realize that, but she really is the only girl who has stolen your heart." Justin kissed him once more. "Now I am going to sketch and you are going to do whatever you have to do."

 

Two hours later, Brian relaxed on the sofa bed thingy watching Justin. He had been watching him for almost an hour and Justin had never looked over. He appeared to be drawing the cliffs, but he was so absorbed there was no one else in the world. He would give him another hour before interrupting him.

He didn't have to wait that long. Skipper started the motor and began to navigate the yacht down the coast. Brian watched Justin come out of his trance and look around. The smile that crossed his lips when he met Brian's eyes melted his heart. He walked over and slipped his arms around Justin's shoulders and he kissed his neck as he looked at the drawing Justin had been so involved in. "That's one of your best."

"I don't know about that. What time is it?"  

"It is almost 1:00. I am guessing Ginger will be coming up shortly, either with lunch or to tell us lunch is ready."

"It is really beautiful out today. The temperature is a bit cool but we expected that. It has something to do with the sun today."

"Your skill still astounds me almost as much as your body does." Brian's hand slid down the front of Justin's body and rested on his fly. He began to stroke it gently and Justin relaxed against him. Brian turned Justin around and dropped to his knees. He took Justin's cock out and slid his mouth around it.

"Excuse me, can I come up?" Ginger's voice called from the bottom of the stairs.

Justin had dropped his head back but responded as he filled Brian's mouth with cum. "Come up!"

As Ginger came up, Brian and Justin didn't change their position. Brian finished licking his cock clean and then, as Brian tucked the now limp dick back into his fly, Justin smiled at Ginger, "Is lunch ready?"

Ginger set a basket on the table and smiled, "It is, although it looks like Brian found an appetizer."

Justin offered Brian his hand and he stood. "It is my favorite appetizer, main dish, and dessert."

"I am sure it is a tasty morsel."

"Morsel?" Justin question.

"Well, it looked like much more than a morsel, not that I saw much."

"If I was bashful, I wouldn't have called you up."

"Um..." Ginger was a little tongue tied. "I... Oh, your lunch is here. Let me set it out for you." His face was a bit flushed and it was obvious he was aroused. He moved efficiently, setting out the plates and silverware, and then he set out several bowls and a platter of meats and cheese with a loaf of bread. "I will go set up the massage tables," he rushed off the top deck and disappeared below.

Justin and Brian ate hot soup along with salads and finger food. It was lighter fare, and when they finished eating some fruit for dessert, they walked to the main deck where they found Ginger with two massage tables. "Well, gentlemen, did you enjoy your lunch?"

"It was great, as usual," Justin replied. "So how do we do this? I mean there are two of us. It's fine if you go back and forth between us."

"Well, I will do that but if you are interested in a little additional play," Ginger uncovered a table, and along with the towels, massage oil, and heated stones, there was a container full of stainless steel beads, dildos, and vibrators.

Brian smiled, "Well, well!  It just got more interesting."

"Some couples each choose their own pleasure while others choose for each other. Of course some choose no toy and others bring their own. One guy had this..."

"Ginger, is that part of your job? Gossiping about previous guests?" Skipper had come around the corner at that moment.

"Sorry, Skip, I would never use a name," he looked sheepishly at his boss and she smiled at him. "It was quite large but if I remember right, you enjoyed the other end."

Brian and Justin had to laugh at that comment from the quiet captain. "I think we are game to choose for each other," Justin said, winking at Brian.

"Sure, and I get to pick first!" Brian said, looking like a little kid as he moved to the bucket and started looking through their options. "Turn around, Justin."  He obligingly did and Brian chose a long slender vibrator. He handed it to Ginger and Ginger slid it under a pile of towels.

"My turn!" Justin moved Brian away and kissed him before making him turn around.

"I can tell this is going to be fun!" Ginger said as Justin handed him a string of ten beads that got progressively larger.

"Brian, Justin, if you don't mind a female assisting, I have about half an hour to assist Ginger in the upper portion of the body."

"Won't bother us," Brian shrugged and started to undress. Skipper was not sheepish either.  She watched as they stripped naked and both stretched out on their backs as Ginger directed and then they were both covered with soft blankets. 

Both Ginger and Skipper started working on Brian and Justin's necks and shoulders. Brian and Justin held hands until Ginger and Skipper began to work on their arms and hands. By the time Skipper went back to the bridge, Ginger had them turn over and before moving to Justin he lifted Brian's blanket from the bottom and after some lubrication, he gently inserted the first bead and turned on the gentle vibration.

"Oh," slipped from Brian's lips as the bead rested against his prostate. 

Ginger began to work on Justin's back and after he finished the upper half It was Justin's turn to have the vibrator started as Ginger moved on to Brian. Everytime Ginger switched he adjusted the vibrators and as their muscles relaxed, tension grew. Ginger gently ran his tongue down Brian's spine and then down Justin's.

"Fuck this!" Brian stood and kissed Ginger and then had Justin turn over and Ginger kissed Justin. As Brian kissed Justin again, Ginger moved down Justin's body with kisses, but as he moved toward Justin's erect member Brian slid toward Ginger, and as he moved toward Justin's cock Brian' kissed the red head and gave him a gentle push, "I think I've got it from here."

Ginger smiled, "Of course," and took a few steps back. Brian had Justin lean over the table and teased him a bit with the vibrator that was still inside him. As he removed it, Justin gripped the sides of the table and as Brian linked with him, he pressed against Brian's chest and cried out, fighting to remain in control.

Ginger was still only steps away, and when he felt the time was right he moved closer and pulled the string of beads out of Brian. Brian exploded, causing Justin to follow. As they both cried out, the seagulls that had been hanging out with the yacht took off in several directions.  By the time Brian and Justin came back to reality, Ginger was nowhere to be found and the toys had disappeared along with him.

 

Brian and Justin moved down to their cabin and showered before crawling into bed for a bit.  After an amazing massage and a climax that was still pulsing deep inside them, they needed a few minutes to regroup.  

About an hour later there was a soft tap on the door and when Justin went over to open it, there was a note on the floor. He picked it up and read it silently.

"So, what does it say?" Brian said, supporting his head with his hand.

"Skipper is wondering if we would like to spend the evening in port. We are off the coast of Galway and she has reservations made for us, but if we prefer to stay onboard that is not a problem. What do you say, stud? Want to show me off tonight?" Justin stood there naked with one hand on his hip and the other he put in the air above his head.

"Sounds like fun, but you aren't leaving my side." Brian strode across the cabin and pulled him close for a kiss. "I'll call and let them know and find out how dressed up we need to be."

 

An hour later, Brian and Justin were dressed in jeans, button downs, and tweed jackets they bought shortly after arriving in Ireland. Justin ran his hand through his hair, "I need to get a haircut soon. It is really getting long!"

Brian put his hand behind Justin's head and brought his head to his own lips. When he loosened his grip he said, "Damn, I love your hair. You have been out in the sun and although it isn't hot your hair has bleached out. But I know what you mean. I am shaggy, too."

Ginger came up behind them, "I will lead the way and then leave you alone. It is a quick walk, and when you are ready to go back to the boat, call this number and an escort will take you back to the yacht. Don't go back down to the water alone. The city is not dangerous but like any city, there are places you shouldn't go after dark. Skipper is very strict about that." Justin took  the card from Ginger.

"We will be back before midnight." Justin verified. "She said we needed to be there before low tide."

"Let them know you are there for Skipper's reservation. Have a great night and don't skip dessert. Get the boozy brownies, and don't share. You will need your own."

"Ging, you ready?" A dark skinned young man stood to the side.

"Hey, Ken! Ya, I am." Ginger waved at Brian and Justin and ran into the man's arms. When Brian and Justin entered the restaurant, Ginger was still kissing his man.

"I am not sure if I am in an episode of Giligan's Island or playing Barbies with Skipper and Ken," Brian laughed. He put his hand on the small of Justin's back and headed to the maitre d' stand.  

The man looked at Brian and then at Justin. "Yes." The man's voice was flat and he hadn't stopped looking at Brian.

"Brian Kinney. Skipper sent us."

The man broke into a big smile, "Brian, I'm Michael. With a name like Kinney, you must have some history with my country. Follow me." Brian started to correct him and let him know he was actually related to the Cain's in the area.

As he brought them to their table Justin had to ask, "The look on your face when we walked in, did you think Brian was someone else?"

"Brian reminds me of another man who used to come in from time to time. It isn't the face as much as the build and the swagger."

"First time in Galway," Brian said.

"Well, when I realized, well, that this handsome man was your date, I knew you couldn't be him. He is a real womanizer."

Brian and Justin both made a face and Michael laughed. "I need to be off. Someone will be here soon with the menus." 

As Michael walked away, Brian said, "Why did you ask him what you did?"

"It was just the look on his face."

"Quinn, when did you get back in... The server stopped mid-sentence, "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were..."

"Who is Quinn?" Justin asked. "Michael just said Brian looked like someone he knew, too."

"Oh, he's just a guy that spent some time here. I don't know much about him but I heard his family has a history that he keeps running away from."

That got Brian's attention, "Do you know his last name?"

"Oh, sure. Cain. Quinn Cain. Now what can I get you to drink?"

"Just a couple whiskeys and the menu." Justin responded as he reached under the table and took Brian's hand.

Once she had walked away, Justin asked, "Are you Ok, Bri?"

"That can't be a coincidence. It has to be..."

"A distant cousin maybe? Do you think he could be the one I keep seeing?" Justin asked.

"Who the hell knows." As the server set the whiskey down Brian took it down in one swallow and held the glass up for another one.

Justin slipped out of his side of the booth and moved to slide in next to Brian. "You Ok?"

"I'll be fine." Brian thanked the server as she set down another drink and they both opened the menus. "Do you have a special tonight?" he asked.

They were given the house specials and they ordered two different specials and very soon they had steaming plates in front of them. There was a plate of shellfish which included raw oysters, as well as mussels and prawns. And the other was a fish pie which was full of root vegetables and loads of fresh fish. Of course the meals included fresh soda bread to sop up all the good sauces that made up the dinners. 

As they ate, Justin softly said, "Brian..."

"Justin, can we talk about this later. I want to eat my dinner and then dance with my husband. I want to show you off and then take you back and make love to you with the boat rocking on the waves.

"Ok, love. We can talk about it tomorrow." Justin reached over and caressed Brian's cheek and then ran his thumb over his lips. "I love you. I miss my kids but, damn, we needed this time."

They finished eating their main courses and then went out on the dance floor. For the next thirty minutes they danced, but after laughing through a traditional Irish dance as they tripped over their own feet, they went back to the table and the server brought them the whiskey Brownies Ginger told them to order. It was a rich dark brownie topped with a creamy whiskey sauce. After savoring every bite and trying to mop up every last drop of the creamy sauce with the very last bite of brownie.

"Let's have one more whiskey while we wait for our car." Brian waved at the server while Justin called the driver. Brian's hand slipped into Justin's lap and began to softly rub his crotch.

"Brian, I don't know if I ..." Brian gently squeezed and Justin took in a sharp breath. "God, Brian, I..." 

The server walked up and winked at Justin, "Ya, God about covers it. Is he as good as he is sexy?"

"Even better! But more importantly, he really loves me and our kids." Justin gently kissed Brian's cheek.

"You two are so cute!" the server said.

"What do we owe you?" Brian asked.

"Oh, it is paid. Skipper takes care of her guests."

"She didn't mention that." Brian said as he pulled out his wallet and handed her 100 euros. "Guess you will have to take the money we would have spent on our food. Hope you can find something to enjoy with it."

"Oh, no, I couldn't... Skipper already..."

Brian stood and offered a hand to Justin, who stood up. He took the server's hand, "Enjoy it. We can afford it and everyone deserves a wild day or night out."

The young woman hugged Justin and then Brian. "Thank you! I... This may sound silly but my granny used to always say this blessing, ‘May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.'"

"I like that," Brian smiled genuinely. "Thank you." Brian kissed her cheek, and taking Justin's hand, led him out to the street.

As they stepped out the door a car pulled, "Are you the mates with Skipper?"

"We are. Just one second," Brian said as he pulled Justin into his arms and kissed him with so much passion, his knees began to buckle. "That should last me until I get home." 

The driver smiled, "Your chariot awaits!" He opened the door and Justin nearly fell in and Brian sat down behind him. Justin unzipped Brian's pants and leaned down as he pulled Brian's cock out of his fly. He took it deep into his throat as Brian slid down in his seat so Justin could take him even deeper into his throat.

By the time the car arrived at the dock, Ginger was there to open the door just as Brian climaxed deep in Justin's throat. Ginger applauded, and then, giving Brian a few seconds to tuck and zip, he offered his hand and assisted Brian in standing. Both Brian and Justin knew they had too much to drink and walked slowly down the dock with Ginger between them for stability.

"Where's your gorgeous stud?" Brian slurred. 

"Ken is waiting patiently in my cabin. Skipper gave me a night off, but I plan to get off several times tonight."

Skipper greeted them as they boarded the yacht. "You appear to have had a nice night," she said as they moved past her.

"If you don't mind, I think we will sleep on the top deck, or at least start the night up there."

"It is going to get very chilly tonight. There are several more blankets in the chest up there. I am going to take the yacht out into the harbor and then anchor for the night."

"The evening was perfect," Justin said as he rested his head on Brian's chest, "and it is only going to get better." Without another word, Brian and Justin ascended the stairs to the upper deck where they laid on the bed, wrapped themselves in blankets, and looked at the stars. 

"The poor fuck has to live with a murderers name," Brian mumbled. "Who would do that to their kid?"

"Have you seen his name on the family tree in this generation?" Justin asked

"No. But we haven't filled everything in yet. Justin, I don't like that he is stalking you."

"If he wanted to hurt me he has had lots of chances already. I just wonder why he is doing it."

"I think we will find a little more and I plan to hire someone to try to track him. Knowing his name will help, but right now," Brian pulled Justin close, "will you be too heartbroken if we just sleep?" 

Justin noticed Brian's voice had changed. It sounded more like business Brian, deep in thought, than his lover, Brian. He rolled into him and kissed him. "Good night, Brian. I love you and no matter what we find out about your family's past, I will continue to be amazed by the man you are."

Brian didn't say anything, but he repositioned himself so his head lay on Justin's chest. "I couldn't do any of this without you." Brian's voice trailed off and the two men lay there in silence until they both drifted off to sleep.

 

Chapter 7 by Simply written

 

Brian and Justin enjoyed one more day on the yacht and at sundown they pulled into Limerick harbor. They stood on the deck as Skipper moved closer to the dock. "Do you see them?" Justin's voice had a note of excitement. "Over there by the fence!"

Brian followed Justin's finger and then he saw them. Rachel and Sonya each holding one of the little ones and Gus stood between them. The children were waving frantically and Brian and Justin started waving back.

"Are those your babes?" Ginger asked from the rail where he was getting ready to throw the tie rope to someone on the dock.

"Yes, those are our children," Brian said with a big smile on his face. "Aren't they perfect?"

"The boys look like their dads! And that little girl is SO cute."

"I missed them so much," Justin said, holding onto Brian's arm.

"Once I give the word, you two go greet your family and I will get your luggage to you as soon as I can."

"Thanks, Ginger." Justin and Brian walked to the steps and waited for the word.  

"Alright, you gorgeous daddies, go see your wee ones." Ginger smiled as Brian stepped onto the dock and turned to wait for Justin before, holding hands, they began to run toward the gate. By the time they opened it they had three pairs of arms wrapping around their legs and waist.

They both got down on one knee and hugged their babies close. "We missed you so much." Justin said to all of them.

"Daddies, did you have fun?" Gus asked.  

Brian gave their oldest son a big hug. "We did, Gus. I found out a couple more clues about our family tree." He then stood up and took Jessi from Sonya. "Look at this gorgeous girl, and I swear you grew while we were gone."

Gus was excited about Brian's news. "Really! Oh, Daddy, can we go see Maggie? She can help us!"

"We will definitely go in a couple days."

"Daddies," It was Aaron this time. "I lonely." He reached up to his dad.

Justin picked up the boy, "Lonely? I thought Kevin was keeping you company."

"I missed Grandma."

Justin looked at him, "Missed her? Grandma isn't here."

"We got Jenn kitty. No one lonely now."

"Gus, is Aaron saying what I think he's saying?"

Gus replied, "Yes, we have two kittens now. Molly said it was okay and she said she will take them if we can't take them home, but, Daddies, we can take them can't we?"

"We will try."

"Your luggage, mates." Ginger said from behind them.

"We'll take those," Sonya said.

"I cannot let two lovely ladies carry these heavy bags. Direct the way and I will store them for you." Ginger followed the two women to the van and put them in the back of the van.  

When Brian and Justin arrived at the van with the kids, Ginger was kissing the girls' hands. "Don't trust that man. I have seen his boyfriend and he has to be very good at something to keep a man like that." Brian winked at Ginger. Both Brian and Justin gave the young man a hug and Justin stuck a roll of bills in his pants pocket.

"It has been great getting to know you, Ginger. If you are ever on the east coast of the United States, give us a call. You have my card."

"I'll do that, you two have been a pleasure," Ginger said and then turned and headed back to the yacht.

 

By the time they got back to the house, Molly was waiting for them with a meal on the table and two kittens in her arms. "So good to have you back. It looks like you had an enjoyable time."

Brian leaned over and kissed Molly's cheek and took the new kitten from her arms, "We had a wonderful time. We ate well, but nothing tops your meals."

"Oh, you are full of blarney, aren't you," Molly blushed a bit and then gave Gus the other kitten.

Brian sat and held Aaron on his lap, "And how is your leg feeling?"

"Most better. Doctor let me play a little," Aaron said.

Rachel sat next to Brian. "The doctor did say he was doing very well. Thankfully he is clear of infection and he isn't ready to run a race outdoors but he can take the steps now and by next week he can get back in the bathtub."

"I thought I smelled someone," Brian said.

"Daddy, I not stinky!"  Brian grinned and buried his face in the little boy's neck, blowing raspberries. Aaron began giggling. "Daddy, tickles!"

They ate Molly's supper and then Justin showed the kids some of the whale pictures, but before they could finish all of them the little ones started dropping off to sleep. "Brian, why don't you show Gus the rest of the pictures? I'll put these two in bed."

Justin started to pick them both up but Aaron said, "No, Daddy, I walk." He took Justin's hand and led him to the steps. Justin was hit by how fast his kids were growing up and how much he loved them. 

Jessi was gripping his neck and although she was exhausted she kept saying, "My Daddy. My Daddy. Love Daddy. Miss Daddy." Justin tucked Aaron into bed with Jessi still in his arms and then walked to her room. He sat down in an old rocker that was located there and held his baby close. His time having a baby to rock was going too fast. He knew more activities would come and less time for this.

 

Brian and Gus watched the pictures Justin had taken of the whales. After Justin and his siblings left Gus had asked, "Dad, how old is too old to sit on your dad's lap."

Brian reached over and picked Gus up, setting him back down on his lap. "I hope you never get too old to sit on my lap." Gus turned and hugged his dad's neck. "I missed you." He kissed Brian's cheek. He snuggled against Brian's chest and as the photos wrapped up, Gus said, "Dad, is it okay if I like girls?"

"Gus, you can like anyone you want to. Is there a girl that you like?" Brian said, looking at Gus as the new kitten, Jenn, crawled up snuggling between him and his son.

Gus picked up Jenn and held her close. "I've been spending a lot of time with Fi and, well, I think we love each other." 

"She is very pretty but aren't you both a little young to be in love?"

"Daddy, are you ever too young to love? I love you and Daddy J and I love Grandma and Grandpa and..."

"Alright, you're correct. At your age you can love anyone you want and when you get big and you still like a girl, your daddy and I will be very happy for you and we will love her too." Brian hugged Gus. "I think it's time for you to head to bed and figure out where your Daddy J ended up."

"Daddy, you really do love Daddy J, don't you?"

"Oh yes, son, and I can only hope that my kids find that kind of love." 

 

After Brian had tucked Gus into bed, he went to find Justin. He found him in the nursery, a sleeping Jessi in his arms. His eyes were closed and he was singing softly as he rocked back and forth, almost unnoticeable. Brian leaned against the door frame and watched them. He realized it didn't matter where they lived; they were home if they were together. "Justin," he walked over to the chair as Justin's eyes fluttered open. He lifted Jessi out of his arms and laid her in her bed. Justin came up behind him and wrapped his arms around Brian, kissing his shoulder blade. Brian turned and kissed him.

"I wondered where you were. I thought maybe Aaron wouldn't let you go."

"It was Jessi that wouldn't let me go. Brian, they are all growing up so fast. I swear, Gus is about ready to leave the house and Aaron is becoming such a little man. Jess didn't want to let go and I didn't want her to."

"Damn, are you trying to be sexier than you always already are?" Brian kissed him. I think we both need a good night's sleep."

"You're right. We aren't losing our kids. They are just starting to enter a new phase. Can you imagine no diapers?" Justin reached around and squeezed Brian's ass, "At least until you need them."

They both laughed, and after undressing slipped between fresh sheets and after spooning together, they both fell asleep.

 

By the end of the week their routine was back to normal. Brian and Gus had Maggie helping them with the young Quinn while Justin spent time in the studio. It was getting too chilly out on the Mohar to stay out long this time of the year. And by the end of the week everyone was looking forward to a visit from Kevin. They would celebrate Gus and Justin's birthday while he was there. Brian and Gus had found and spoken to several distant relatives so they were planning a dinner for all of them one evening. It was still undecided if it would be at their place or at a pub in town but they wanted to make it happen.

The day of Kevin's flight, Rachel and Sonya were off for the weekend. Molly had suggested Liam pick Kevin up so they didn't have to take the kids on that long drive. Everyone agreed that was a great solution so Molly worked on the meal with Jessi watching from her highchair while Brian and Justin made sure Kevin's room was ready for him.  Molly had brought up fresh flowers and the boys added a bottle of Irish whiskey, a glass, and an ice bucket. "Remember the jet lag when we got here? A couple shots of that will help him take the edge off," Brian said.

At that moment Aaron let out a wail from the next room and then Gus called to them, "Daddies, come quick!" 

Brian and Justin rushed across the hall only to stop in the doorway and both had to cover their mouths so the boys couldn't see them laughing. Gus was somehow stuck in one of Aaron's shirts and Aaron was now crying, "My shirt, Gus. Daddy, my shirt!" Gus had one arm partially through one of the sleeves while his ears were stopping him from getting the shirt back off.  Brian walked over to Aaron and sat on the bed lifting Aaron into his arms while Justin worked a nearly seven year olds arm out of a three toddler shirt sleeve. He then carefully extracted Gus' ears from the neck of the shirt, being careful not to hurt his ears.

Once Gus was freed from Aaron's shirt he looked very sheepish. Softly he said, "Daddy J, I was just playing. I didn't want to make him mad. I was just teasing him a little."

"Are your ears alright? They are a little red."

"Ya, they hurt a tiny bit, but not bad."

"Gus, I know you were joking with Aaron but he just doesn't understand that kind of joking yet. What should you do, do you think, even though you didn't really do anything wrong. What might make him feel better?"

"I'll apologize. I don't like it when he cries." Gus walked over to Brian and Aaron. "Daddy, may I talk to my brother, please, alone." 

Brian ruffled Gus' hair and smiled at him. He then stood up, leaving Aaron sitting on the edge of the bed and he and Justin walked out of the room. From the hall they couldn't hear everything Gus said but he said sorry and he meant it as playing. And then both boys came out of the room holding hands.

"I love Gussy." Aaron said, hugging his big brother. "He not mean."

"Aaron, let's go see if Molly needs help." Justin saw the look that Gus and Brian shared and thought he would give them a little time alone.

Brian put his hand on Gus' shoulder and led him back into his bedroom. "Dad, I'm sorry. I told Daddy J I thought I was playing." His lip quivered thinking he was in trouble with his dad.

Brian sat down on the bed and wrapped his arms around their son. "Oh, Gus, I know that. I'm not mad. I am so proud of you."

"Proud of me? I made Aaron cry."

"I guess you did, but it was because you were trying to play with him. I just hope when you both get older you stay friends. You are the big brother I wish I had when I was a kid. You just need to remember that Aaron is younger and sometimes he won't quite understand, but I trust you. And if you have to say sorry a couple of times, that's okay. You two will always be brothers."

"Thanks, Dad, and I will remember that with Jessi, too."

"I know you will and, do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"I think Grandpa is here." Gus was out the door before Brian could say another word.

 

An hour later they all sat around the table laden with food. Molly had stayed to serve the meal. Kevin won her over immediately and she fawned over him, making sure he had everything he could want. "You know, Father, your son... sorry, that sounds funny to a devoted Catholic but I do understand. I am very fond of your son and his family. These babies are angels." Molly touched Jessi's cheek.

"Well, Miss Molly, I would have to agree with you completely. I have missed them."

"We missed you, too, Grandpa!" Gus commented. 

Eventually, with Kevin's help, the kids finally settled down to sleep and Justin went downstairs to call J.Jay back in Pittsburgh to discuss a few things about the Taylor Art Academy, giving Brian and Kevin a little time to discuss the ancestry Brian and Gus had been researching. Kevin poured them each a whiskey and looked closely at the label.

"You know I would have been as happy with a cheap bottle of wine. How much did this put you back?"

"I don't know. I just gave them my card. Take a sip. You'll see why I picked this one."

Kevin took a sip and closed his eyes, "Ummm, that is smooth. I love the smoky undertones and is that a hint of honey?"

"Molly told us about it and after our first taste we bought a case of it." Brian took a swallow himself and smiled. "Dad, Gus is so excited about all this. He has been helping. You know I told you about someone stalking Justin? Well, we think it is someone named Quinn Cain." 

Kevin looked at him with a questioning look. "You do realize my great uncle would be about 90.  I don't think he would look like you, do you?"

"We think he is a grandson, but the records haven't arrived yet. It could be the end of next week.  It is coming from some small village and their genealogist is out of town. I'm hoping we can go up there in a few days. I'm hoping Gus and the two of us can go."

"That sounds great. Do you know anything about this Quinn?" Kevin took another sip and sighed at the taste.

"To be honest this might all be a wild goose chase. Justin sees a guy from a distance that moves a bit like me. Then in Galway someone mistakes me for this Quinn. Now, I am guessing we are related to him, but if that is the same person that has been lurking? I just don't know. I called an acquaintance from Ireland and he has an investigator in his company who said he would do just a little leg work for me, and if he gets a lead, he'll connect me with someone who can complete the job."

"Brian, thank you."

"Thank me for what?"

"For wanting to know my history more than I ever did. I've told you my dad didn't talk and..." Justin walked in and kissed Kevin's cheek and then sat down on Brian's lap since there were no other chairs. He kissed Brian, too, and Kevin continued, "I guess I didn't know how to go about learning more. That's not totally true. My father just always cut us off anytime we mentioned anything about Ireland. And I just didn't want to make him angry. How was your call, Justin? How are J.Jay and Henry?"

"J. is such an amazing artist and Henry has become such a good businessman. He just stepped up and they will be fine. I think J. will run the business down there year round and I will be able to stay in Pittsburgh. I may be able to start another school in Chicago or even somewhere further west. Maybe Arizona in the winter?"

"Or maybe pick a different country we could visit each year," Brian suggested. He nodded silently at his father who was nodding off. "Dad, I think it is time for you to get some sleep."

"Ya, right now I am tired. Who knows if I'll be wide awake in an hour."

Brian and Justin hugged Kevin before they walked out of his room and down the hall to their own. "It's good to have him here," Justin commented, seeing the look of contentment Brian rarely had.

"It is. If your mom was here, well, and Molly, the world would be perfect, but we will see Jenn soon." Brian pulled Justin close. "How about a long, hot bath?"

"That sounds perfect." Brian pulled Justin's shirt off and then his own and they kissed as they walked into the bathroom and Brian started the water. As they waited for the tub to fill they finished undressing and Brian put a hand on either side of Justin's face and lowered his mouth to meet his. He slid a hand down Justin's back and, resting it on the small of his back he pulled him even closer before sliding his hand down a little further. I love you, you know."

"I never doubt that. Brian, I never question that." Brian claimed his mouth again but Justin soon pulled away. "Bri, the water." Brian turned it off and they both slipped into the water. Even in the bath they fit together perfectly. Justin with his back against Brian's chest and Brian wrapped his arms around him holding him tightly. They sat in silence for several minutes, just absorbing life from each other; recharging from the other's energy. After some time Brian began to kiss Justin's neck, and after a couple moments Justin began to shift back and forth enough to massage Brian's balls.

"Turn around." Brian said softly. Justin did as he was asked and positioned himself with his legs over Brian's, and as he lowered himself, Brian guided his erection into him. He let gravity take over and soon was filled with his lover.

As they continued to kiss, Justin began to slowly move his hips, and soon Brian grabbed him tightly and began to thrust up as much as he could. He moved a little giving him a better angle to thrust and Justin was soon arching backward and shot cum all over Brian's chest as he contracted around the cock buried deep inside and Brian gave into his need, exploding deep inside him. Justin rinsed off Brian's chest and rested against it. 

After several minutes Brian's said, "Let's go to bed. The water is cooling off and the kids will be up early knowing Dad is here."

Justin looked up at him and kissed him. As he did, he began to move his bottom and within seconds they both knew they were not going anywhere until they finished what he just started.

Twenty minutes later, Justin walked a little awkwardly toward the bed to join Brian. "The kids and Kevin are all sleeping soundly," he said as he moved close to Brian. "Would you mind if I went out on the Moher tomorrow? I have a painting I want to finish and it is supposed to be unseasonably warm."

Brian kissed the curve of his neck, "You don't have to ask my permission."

"I know, but I don't want you to think I don't want to spend time with your dad."

"If he isn't jetlagged we are going to town anyway." Gus wants to show him around and introduce him to Maggie.

"I heard by midafternoon a storm may roll in. You should probably go in before lunch and come home by 3:00." Justin's voice was drifting off as exhaustion took over.

"We'll do that," Brian replied as he, too, closed his eyes and slept.

 

By the time Brian and Justin got downstairs in the morning Rachel had Jessi in her highchair and Kevin had one boy on either side of him at the table. Sonya helped Molly, who was fluttering from the stove to the table with enough food to feed twice as many people as there were. Morning hugs and kisses were shared by all. "Molly, could you put together..."

"A lunch for the Moher?" Molly smiled at him. "I figured you would like that today. I have it ready."

"Ah, Molly, you know me so well."

"This will be your last chance to go there. I can feel it in the air. When this moves out, the chill will be in the air."

Justin grabbed a piece of toast and the basket Molly had ready for him and after waving at his family left for a day on the cliffs. When he arrived he immediately set up and got absorbed into his work.

 

By 10:00 a.m. Kevin, Brian, and Gus were off to the village. Maggie had let Brian know that she had gotten some records on Quinn Cain and Kevin was anxious to see what they had to say. When they arrived, Gus took Kevin's hand and introduced him to Maggie before heading to a table he considered to be his area and he started looking at the book he was putting together.

"I am so happy to meet you, Kevin. Your son and grandson are very special people."

"I could not agree with you more. I hate to think of all the years I missed with him, but I am trying to spend as much time with them as I can now. He and Justin are such great parents. You can't find a better family."

"I agree. My granddaughter will miss Gus something fierce when he leaves."

Brian smiled, "The feeling is mutual. Gus is already asking when we will come back and visit."

"I think you may need to buy a vacation home here," Maggie commented.

"We have already talked about it a little."

Kevin smiled at Brian, "From the couple visits I have made here in my life, I would love to be able to come here to visit and I would because I can't be away from the grandkids too long. If I am honest, I hate to be away from my son for too long. I missed far too much time with him already."

"You know you would always be welcome. Now, what did you find out about the young Quinn Cain?" Brian was ready to find out about this man that looked like him.

"Well, as sad as it is, Quinn Cain, although not as violent, does have some similarities to his name sake."

"He's been in prison?" Kevin asked.

"He has, but he appears to have reformed, or at least he has no record since he has become an adult. As a boy, his grandfather's name was still well known. He got in many a fight because of hooligans who couldn't leave him alone, so he struck out. But he has been hard to track since then. You can read the reports but he had a poor homelife. His mother left when he was a babe, and his father, well, he was rough with the boy. He had to fight to live but for the last fifteen years he has slipped in and out of villages but never puts down roots."

"So, he is in the wind?" Brian questioned.

"At the moment he is, but I would guess your private detective will be able to track him down." Maggie stopped talking for a moment. "I don't know if you want this last bit of news but I think you need to know this." She turned to Kevin and then said, "There is one other thing that came with this report. Quinn Cain is..."

"Did they know where he is buried?" Kevin asked.

"Kevin, he isn't buried. He is still alive."

 

Justin was so absorbed in his painting that he didn't notice anything around him. By the time he realized he had lost the sun, it was too late. The wind tipped his canvas just as the rain came down in torrents. Justin tried to grab his supplies and the canvas but he knew he couldn't get on the scooter in this weather. As he tried to find shelter anywhere he moved toward a tree but just as he got there a branch came crashing down and the branch was the last thing he saw. It hit him in the temple, and sent him crashing to the ground, the painting and supplies crashed to the ground.

 

Kevin, Brian, and Gus arrived at the house moments after the storm had hit. Learning the news about Kevin's uncle, they had stayed a little longer than expected. The report gave the last known address of the 90 plus year old man. On the way home Brian concentrated on the road seeing the sky getting darker and darker while Kevin sat in the back of the van with Gus, telling him stories about his father and mother.

They rushed into the house and shook off the rain. "Well, I am glad to see you came out of the storm. The weather is not fit for man nor beast." She then looked past Brian. "You don't have Justin with you?"

"No. I figured he was here! He isn't?"

"He has not come back since leaving this morning." Molly was obviously concerned.

"Dad, stay here. I have to find him!" Brian dashed back into the storm.

 

Justin shivered. He opened his eyes and blinked several times. Where was he? Nearby he saw a fire burning and he moved toward it. He tried to stand but he felt too unstable, so he crawled to the warmth. That was when he realized there was a blanket around his shoulders and when he sat on what must be a cave floor and reached toward the warmth trying to stop the shaking.

After a moment, his vision was adjusting to the light and looked around. He couldn't see all his surroundings but it was definitely a cave and he could hear the storm outside. Justin tried to remember how he got here. Had he somehow managed to stubble in on his own? No, that didn't make sense. He wouldn't have started a fire.

"You're awake," a low Irish voice said. 

Justin jumped. "Who is it? Did you get me in here?"

The figure moved closer and now Justin could see he was holding the painting. "I know this isn't the way you wanted it to look but I like it. You are talented."

Justin took in a sharp breath as he looked at the man standing at the edge of the light. "Quinn?" 

"You know my name? Who is the man you live with?"

"Brian is my husband and you really don't know who he is?"

"No! I just know he looks like me and his name is Kinney." Quinn sat on the other side of the fire.

"Quinn, Brian was raised by a man named Kinney, but his real father is Kevin Cain, who is the son of Kellan Cain. He was Quinn Cain's twin brother. I don't exactly know how, but you and Brian are cousins."

"Cousins?"

Justin looked at the man that was so similar to Brian and yet very different. "Quinn, I need to go. My family will be worried."

"No. You aren't going anywhere!" Quinn walked back into the shadows toward the entrance of the cave and then slipped back out into the storm.

 

Chapter 8 by Simply written

 

By the time Brian got to the Cliffs of Moher, the rain was coming down sideways. Brian slipped into a rain cape but he knew it was worthless. The wind just blew it sideways but he didn't notice. He looked around and saw the scooter parked near one of the few trees. As he ran toward it he called out, "JUSTIN! JUSTIN!" As he neared the spot he saw brushes scattered around and then he saw the branch laying on the ground. He could picture what happened. "Shit! JUSTIN!" His anxiety level skyrocketed when he saw no trace of him anywhere.

 

After leaving Justin in the cave, Quinn returned minutes later with an arm full of wood. "You can't keep me here. I need to..."

"I know. You have a family. That's why you can't go. It is too dangerous to be outside right now."

Justin looked at him and took a deep breath. "If that wood was outside it won't burn."

"It is dry. Well, except for the rain that just got on it. I had it under shelter."

"Do you live here?"

"No, but I have slept here a time or two." He looked closer at Justin, "I am sorry if I was harsh earlier. I haven't socialized much lately. So you know about my grandfather?"

"I know he killed your great-grandparents. I know he got out of prison. Brian was trying to find out where he was buried."

"Buried? That bastard won't die. The devil will just show up some day and take him directly to hell."

"Holy shit! He isn't dead?" Justin watched Quinn put more wood on the fire. Justin looked toward the opening of the cave. "Quinn, I hear something. It sounds like someone saying my name." 

"Stay here. I'll go get whoever it is. It isn't safe out there." Quinn dashed out the door just as Justin thought of his phone. He pulled it out only to find the screen smashed. "Damn," he knew everyone would be worried about him. He heard Quinn's voice and a reply from the other voice.  Brian? Could it be Brian?

 

Brian saw movement near the edge of the cliff. Whoever it was, they were waving for him to come. "Follow me... Justin..." Brian couldn't hear everything, but once he heard ‘Justin' he sprinted toward the figure. The figure appeared to have dropped off the cliff but when he got close enough he saw a narrow path that took him down a few feet where there was an opening. "Careful," a gravelly voice said from below.

After Brian blinked a couple times his eyes adjusted to the light and then he saw Justin. He rushed to him. "Oh, Love, thank God you are alright!" Justin stood, but swayed until Brian wrapped his arms around him. "You are alright, aren't you?" Brian helped him sit back down.

"I was hit by a branch and Quinn brought me down here, out of the storm."

Brian gently touched the trickle of blood on Justin's head, "Does it hurt?"

"Not bad. I have a headache."

"Nothing worse? I mean your head..."

"Head. You have something wrong with your head?" Quinn asked.

"Like you give a fuck. Did you hit him with the branch? We know you have been stalking him."

"Brian, it wasn't Quinn." Justin looked at Quinn, "I had a head injury and I've had a couple surgeries. I am susceptible to any blow to the head."

"I'm sorry," Quinn said softly to Justin. "Kinney, I was just trying to figure out why we look so much alike. Your husband told me we are related."

"We are. Your grandfather and mine were twin brothers." Brian's phone buzzed. "Shit, let me message the house." Brian quickly let Kevin know they were under shelter and would come back when it calmed down. 

"What was your grandfather like?" Quinn asked.

"I don't know. I never met him. I was raised by my mother and her husband and just found out a few years ago that Kinney wasn't my father. By then, my grandparents had passed away. You didn't know Quinn had a twin?"

"I found out about a year ago. Poppy doesn't have contact with most of his family. I guess I stopped by from time to time because I have no parents of my own. I pulled some petty crimes in my teens, but it was mainly to survive. He was drunk when I arrived and just started talking.  He told me about all the petty crimes he pulled and about his twin brother who fled the country because of him. He told me about the day he killed his parents in a moment of rage. I know Poppy deserved to go to prison, but he did his time and I guess I don't understand why no one else can forgive him. I know I didn't know him at his worst but I had to suffer through being his name sake."

As Quinn had talked they moved to the fire and Justin. Justin had laid his head in Brian's lap and fallen asleep. "Quinn, can you check the storm? I need to get him home and have the doctor meet us there. You are welcome to come back to the house with us."

Quinn walked to the cave entrance and then came back. "Go get your van and I will bring him out." Five minutes later Brian sat in the back with Justin's head on his lap again and Quinn drove toward the house. "Is he alright?"

"I messaged my father to get the doctor to come to the house."

Quinn could hear the concern in his voice. The last thing he wanted to do was walk into that house with all the people that would be in there, but he couldn't just leave them, not like this. As they pulled up to the house a car turned in behind them. "Brian, I can't go in there. I just..."

"Please stay. If you can't come in, go into the studio. There is some comfortable furniture and I will send some food out and as soon as Justin..."

"I won't leave until I talk to you."

"Thanks, Quinn, for everything." Brian turned to find Dr. Doyle standing next to him and he helped get Justin in the house.

 

A half hour later Justin was laying in their bed, with a blazing fire nearby. Dr. Doyle stood next to him. "Justin, I would say you were fortunate. If that branch had been bigger or hit you a little further back it could have been much worse." 

Brian came into the room. He had been reassuring the kids that their daddy was alright. "Doc, is he..."

"I'm fine, Brian," Justin said softly, reaching out and Brian took his hand.

"It could have been much worse but as long as he doesn't have any more dizziness and the headache tapers off, I think he is fine. If you want tests run I can set that up, but I don't think they are necessary." Dr. Doyle looked at Justin, "You will tell Brian if the headache gets worse, right?"

"Yes, I don't mess with headaches. I have them frequently, so I know when it is something to worry about."

"I am going to leave you to your family. Eat some supper. Let the kids come up and see him so they know he is fine. I will call in the morning to make sure nothing has changed.

Brian bent and kissed Justin's soft lips. "I'll be right back." 

"Take your time." Justin smiled at him. "Is Quinn here?"

"He is in your studio. I plan to talk to Dad now." Brian walked out of the room with Dr. Doyle, blowing Justin a kiss as he left.

 

"He's in the studio now?" Kevin looked at Brian, stunned.

"Could you bring some food out to him? I need to assure the kids that Justin is alright. Please try to convince him to stay. I want to talk to him but I really need to be with the kids right now."

"Of course I will." Kevin looked at Molly who was already putting a platter of food together. 

"Daddy," Gus was very concerned about his Daddy J. "is Daddy J..."

"He will be fine. As soon as all of you have eaten dinner, you can go up and see him. I am going to bring him up some dinner now so he is ready for some play time with Daddy."

"Molly says it is supper, Daddy." The teasing in his son's voice let him know that Gus was feeling better.  

Kevin was walking out the door with a plate of food for Quinn while Molly dished up some food for Justin. "Is he feeling up to a big meal or something lighter?" Molly asked Brian.

"I think everything on the menu tonight will be fine. I am sure he is hungry." Molly finished the tray with a dish of apple pudding. Brian looked at Rachel and Sonya, who sat by the table with the children. "Give him enough time to eat and then I know he wants to see all these monkeys."

"I no monkey, Daddy." Aaron said, giggling.

"You're my monkey," Brian said, kissing his cheek. "I'll see you in a little while, once Daddy has had a chance to eat." By the time Brian picked up the tray, Molly had put a second plate of food on it. "Thanks, Molly."

"You haven't eaten yet, either. Now, go. These five will eat their pudding and then come see you both."

 

Justin sat up in the bed when Brian walked in, "Molly sent up food for the two of us." Brian set the tray down on the table and transferred the food to a bed tray. "Scoot over a bit." Justin moved over six inches. Brian then sat the tray down over Justin's lap and sat down gently on the bed next to him. Brian watched Justin take a bite and then softly said, "You scared the hell out of me."

Justin reached out and Brian took his hand, kissing the palm. "I'm sorry." Justin ran his hand down Brian's jawline. "I know you always tell me I get too absorbed in my painting."

"I am not blaming you." They both ate some. "All the attention you give to your artwork you also show me when we make love. I can't complain about one and enjoy the other."

"What is your first impression of Quinn?" Justin asked before taking a few more bites.

"Well, I thought he hurt you when I first saw you. I was about to kill him but then you let me know that he saved you."

"I know that part. What did you talk about while I was out of it?"

"I actually think he is a decent guy who had even worse parents than I did," Brian said, and they both continued to eat.

 

"Quinn, I brought you supper," Kevin said as he moved up the stairs to Justin's studio. As he entered the studio itself he saw the back of a man. He was built identically to Brian, and if he thought about it, himself at that age. 

He slowly turned around. "Is Justin alright?"

Kevin was amazed at how similar he was to Brian. They looked like brothers, not distant cousins. "The doctor thinks he will be fine. He's had a previous head injury, but as long as he doesn't start getting a worse headache he is fine. I should introduce myself. I'm Kevin Cain, Brian's father. Oh, and this is for you." He handed him the plate Molly put together. "Sit. Enjoy it while it is still hot, well, warm at least."

Quinn sat down and started eating. He was completely silent for several minutes as Kevin told him a little bit about his family. How he grew up in Iowa and how his father never talked about the past.

"Poppy wasn't, still isn't, an easy man. He has been deserted by his whole family and I understand that, but he is all I have had for family since he got out. I honestly don't know how many kids he had, but I only know of one still living, and he has never contacted him. Some of them took their mother's last names. There are at least three of them, mother's that is."

"And your father?" Kevin asked him. 

"I honestly don't know if he is dead or alive. I haven't tried to look him up. He never did anything for me except break my arm and blacken my eye."

Kevin walked over and put his hand on Quinn's shoulder, "I'm so sorry, son. No one deserves that."

Quinn straightened and moved just enough to break the connection with Kevin. "I do alright. I don't need anyone."

Kevin knew this wasn't the time to say more. "Do you have a place you're staying? Can I bring you somewhere? I don't want to lose track of you but we don't need to do everything tonight."

"I have a place I rent up in Galway, but when I am down here, I stay..." he stopped. "I have been staying in the caves a lot of the time. I know I didn't go about it the right way, but I was trying to figure out who Brian really was. As soon as people who knew me met Brian, I started getting messages and I was trying to figure out how this Kinney was connected. I started researching the Kinney family."

"I can imagine how disorienting that could be," Kevin said to him. He had sat down on a stool nearby and could tell, now that Quinn had finished eating, that he was getting uncomfortable. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable, Quinn. Since it doesn't sound like you have a place to go, why don't you sleep here. You are welcome in the house but there are a lot of us in there.

"I can go sleep where I usually do."

"Please sleep here. There could be more rain later tonight. You can come in for breakfast or one of us will bring breakfast out."

"Kevin, that is very kind but..." a flash of lightning followed by thunder interrupted him. "Thank you."

"I believe there is a mattress back there with some blankets and the restroom is there." He pointed to a door in the corner."

"I'll see you in the morning." Kevin said and left the nervous, younger man.

 

Rachel and Sonya brought the children to Brian and Justin's bedroom, and before both left they gave Justin a hug letting him know how worried they were, too. Once they had left, Justin snuggled the kids while Brian made up a fanciful story about how he found Justin. He made it light hearted, explaining what happened but not how scary it really was.

Brian got Jessi ready for bed while Justin read a story to the boys and then Brian did the same with Aaron, leaving Gus and Justin alone. 

"Daddy J, are you really alright? I know Daddy told the story so Aaron and Jessi wouldn't be scared."

"I really am fine, Gus." Justin hugged him close. "You know when I paint I sometimes forget what is going on. It got windy fast and that branch just caught me on my forehead." Justin gently touched the bandage the doctor had put on his head.  

"And the guy that found you, is that really the Quinn we are looking for?"

"Well, not the exact one. He is a very old man, but this is his grandson."

"Can I meet him?" 

"We'll see tomorrow. Right now it is time for you to go to bed. Why don't you run over there before your daddy comes back for you."

"I love you Daddy J. I am so glad you are safe." He turned and kissed Justin.  

"I love you, too, Gus. I will see you in the morning." Justin gave him a kiss and a big hug before the boy jumped off the bed and ran to his bedroom.

 

When Brian returned he had Kevin with him. "I don't plan to stay long." Kevin came over and sat on the edge of the bed by Justin, taking his hand. "I just want to see for myself that you are doing well."

"I am fine, Kevin. If I didn't get so wrapped up in my painting, none of this would happen."

"Thank God for Quinn. If he hadn't been there, it could have been so much worse."

"Did you talk to him?" Brian asked as he slid up against Justin. "Where is he now?"

"He is sleeping in your studio. It is raining again and I couldn't send him off. He has been sleeping in the caves when he is around. He has a place in Galway but he was trying to figure out who you were. He was looking up Kinney history trying to find a connection. He isn't out to harm anyone."

"I got the same feeling. I feel a little sorry for him. I think he had no chance in life being named after his grandfather," Justin said as he rested against Brian.

"I am hoping he will let us know where his grandfather is," Kevin commented. "I'll talk to him about that in the morning." He saw Justin yawn and stood up. "Son, help your husband take a warm shower or bath and then tuck him in for the night."

"I will do that. Sorry you have had such a wild greeting to Ireland," Brian said as he got up. "We do have something fun planned for the weekend. I didn't even have a chance to mention it but you're right. Justin needs to get some sleep."

"I am capable of talking for myself, you two." Justin got out of bed slowly and continued, "but you're right, I'm tired." He took Brian's arm. "We'll see you in the morning."

"I hope to have breakfast with Quinn or even better, that he will have breakfast with all of us." Kevin smiled at the two men he loved so much. He walked out the door and started to pull it shut but stopped and added, "I love you both." And then he was gone.

Brian pulled Justin's shirt off and then undid his jeans, holding his hand as he stepped out of them. They walked to the shower and Brian turned on the water and quickly undressed himself.

"Brian, I really am alright." Justin stepped under the warm water, keeping his head away from the water, not wanting to disturb the doctor's bandage. 

Brian followed and wrapped an arm around Justin's waist, holding him close. "I never doubt that you are alright, much better than alright." He kissed him slowly, thoroughly exploring every millimeter of his mouth with his eager tongue. 

Justin finally gently pushed him away. "Please, Bri, I can't do what I want to do tonight and, damn, now I want to." Brian followed his body to his now erect cock.

"Sorry. I am so relieved that you are really alright. I had images of you falling off the cliff in the storm. You must have really been absorbed in the painting. By the way, I wonder where the painting is. It wasn't on the cliff."

"I am not sure because when I first came around in the cave, I thought Quinn said something about the canvas, but I don't remember what he said. I am fairly sure it is ruined which makes me sad. It was one of my best works."

Brian had picked up the bar of soap and ran it over Justin's back, "You warmed all the way through?"

Justin kissed him lightly, "You made sure of that. But yes, I am ready to get some sleep. My headache has gotten a little better. I think by tomorrow it should be gone." 

Brian shut off the water and gently dried Justin off and then wrapped him in his robe. As Justin walked to the bed Brian dried off himself. He grabbed sweats and T-shirts for both of them. Once they were dressed, Brian tucked Justin under the blankets and then, getting in bed himself, pressing himself up against his husband and wrapped an arm around Justin's waist.

"Thank you for taking such good care of me," Justin said softly.

"You know you are my heart and soul. You are stuck with me." Brian kissed the curve of his neck and they both closed their eyes.

 

Kevin was up early, and after chatting with Molly for a few minutes he went out to check on Quinn. He entered downstairs and called up the stairs. "Good morning, Quinn. May I come up?" Silence. Kevin moved upward, "Quinn?" The moment he entered the studio area he knew he was gone. "Oh, Quinn, Why? We just wanted to get to know you." Kevin said to the empty space. He looked around and saw a stack of Justin's art supplies on the sofa. He also saw a canvas leaning against the back of it. That was when he noticed a piece of paper on Justin's work table.

‘Thank you for a place to sleep and dinner. I woke up and went back to the Cliff. I brought Justin's supplies back and the scooter is on the drive. Sorry I couldn't stay around but I will be in touch. I found one of Justin's business cards so I will call soon. I need to talk to Poppy before I do anything else. QC.'

Kevin said a quick prayer for his cousin and went back to the house.

 

Justin woke, his head was a little sore at the impact wound but the headache had gone away overnight. He was up with Jessi before Brian got out of his shower. When Brian walked into the nursery Jessi reached for him, "Daddy, kiss peese."

"Good morning my favorite girl." Brian took her from Justin, kissed her and then threw her in the air as she filled the air with giggles. Justin and Brian, along with Jess, walked to the boys room.  Rachel was in there helping Aaron dress and helping Gus pick his outfit.

"Daddy J, are you better?" Gus asked as Justin helped him put on his shirt.

"I am, Gus." Justin hugged him tight. "The only thing that hurts is the little spot the tree hit me, and that is much better. Are you ready for breakfast?"

"I'm hungry. Is that man that slept in the studio going to eat with us?"

"Grandpa is asking him that." Brian said as he handed Jessi over to Rachel and picked up Aaron. "Let's go see if we have a guest."

The three adults and the three children arrived in the kitchen to find Sonya and Molly working in the kitchen while Kevin sat, dejected, at the table. "So Dad, Quinn won't join us?"

"He's gone. Justin, he went out and collected your supplies and brought the scooter back. He left a note saying he had to see his grandfather and would be in touch."

"I didn't give him my number. Did you?" Brian asked.

"The note said he had Justin's from a business card in the studio." Kevin brought Aaron up on his lap, snuggling him close. "And how are you this morning, Aaron?"

"I'm good. Love you, Papa." 

"Oh, Aaron, I love you, too."

"You going camping with me?"

"Are you going camping, Aaron?"

"Oh, that is what I meant to tell you." Brian and everyone else sat down around the table. Next weekend we have reservations at a place in the woods. It isn't really camping. It has all the luxuries you could ask for, but you are living in a glass bubble. There are no people around. It is what Gus picked for his birthday."

"Gus, that sounds amazing. I can't wait to see this." Kevin smiled at Gus.  

"Since it is my birthday I get to share a bubble with you. Aaron and Jessi will share one and our daddies will share the other sleeping bubble."

"Now that sounds fun!" Kevin said enthusiastically. "Did your daddy agree to this birthday party? It's his birthday, too."

"I agreed completely," Justin responded, winking at Gus. "Brian and I had three days alone recently so camping sounds great."

"Molly is baking a big cake that we can take and when we get there someone will make our food and we get to go to a great big bubble to eat some of the time and sometimes they will bring the food to our bubble."

"Well all of this sounds fascinating."

 

The next three days, the house was filled with excitement. Sonya and Rachel were getting ready for five days in Galway so everyone was in a flurry. Every time Justin's phone rang they all jumped a little, hoping it would be Quinn each time, but each time they were disappointed.

"I can't believe no one knows where a man like Quinn Cain is living." Kevin said exasperated.

Brian put his hand on his father's shoulder, "Dad, his name was probably changed after he was let out. I have heard that is common. He did his time and he would have been searched out if he continued to use his name."

"Well, does anyone know where he is?" Kevin snapped. He took a deep breath, "I'm sorry. I just want to hear back from young Quinn. I really thought he would contact us."

"I think he will." Brian walked over and put his arm around his dad. I contacted the PI I hired and he found a lead yesterday. He is hoping by the end of the week he'll know something. Let's enjoy our weekend and hope for news on Monday when we return."

"You're right. I'm acting like more of a child than Gus ever does. I better pack for tomorrow."

"Take your suits, both swim and dress. I am sure we will all be in the hot tub with the kids at some point and the night we eat at the restaurant we will dress for dinner. Did you see the suit in your closet?"

"I did."

"Well, Justin thought it would be nice if we all had similar clothes. It should fit."

Kevin smiled, "I love your family and you, wanting me to be a part of it, makes my soul sing." Kevin hugged Brian and then headed toward his room.

 

Justin was in his studio. He looked at the painting Quinn had saved. It had areas that were distorted because of the rain, but it added a weird dimension to the picture, rather than look like it was damaged. He had decided not to take any art supplies but made sure he had an empty photo card for his camera. As he made sure everything was closed up tight his phone rang.  He didn't recognize the number. "Hello?"

There was a hesitation and then Quinn's low, husky voice responded, "Justin, it's me."

"Quinn, how are you? We were sorry we didn't have more time to talk to you." Justin began walking toward the house. 

"I wanted to get to my grandfather as soon as I could. He doesn't use the phone and I am not allowed to tell anyone where he is without talking to him."

"Did you? Talk to him that is?"

"I did. I told him about Kevin and about all of you. He wants to meet all of you. Poppy never wants to meet anyone, but when I told him that Kellen's son was here, he asked when he could come."

"He wants to come here?"

"Yes, he does," Quinn said. 

"We are going away tomorrow and should be back on Monday. Do you think Wednesday would work?" Justin said as he walked into the office where Brian was working.

"Wednesday should work. I will have to clear it with Poppy but he wants to come."

"Quinn, we won't have cell service, but can you call the house and let us know what time you will be here on Wednesday." Justin had sat on Brian's lap so he could hear Quinn.

"I will leave a message on your phone. You can get it as soon as you come back from your trip.  Poppy doesn't want me to leave any messages," Quinn explained.

Brian took the phone, "Quinn, thank you for this. My dad really wants this to happen and my dad is..."

"Kevin is a nice man. I don't want to hurt him. Justin has my phone number now. I will be in touch Tuesday." And Quinn was gone.

"I can't believe he's coming here," Brian said quietly before grabbing Justin's face and kissing him hard. "HE'S COMING HERE!"

"Shit, Brian, we just invited a murderer to visit us and our children. You don't think he still has a gang and gang ties do you?"

"I honestly don't know, but for some reason I trust Quinn. When we talk to him next week, we will get the details and find out how many will be with them. We don't need to worry about those details now. Right now we just have to go tell my father he will be meeting his uncle."

Justin looked at Brian, "Ya, the uncle that looks just like his father and the man that murdered his grandparents."

"Ok, maybe it is best to wait and tell him after the kids are in bed tonight."

 

Chapter 9 by Simply written

 

 

"Kitties go, too!" Aaron continued to cry as they drove down the drive.

"But if we take Kevin and Jenn," Kevin stopped for a moment and laughed, "that sounds so weird. Anyway, Molly would be so lonely if we took the kittens with us. You don't want that, do you?" Kevin finished as he slipped an arm around Aaron in his carseat. 

Aaron sniffled a little, "No, I don't want her to be sad."

"Will Molly take good care of them?"  

Aaron nodded. "She wuvves them too." He smiled up at Kevin, "I wuv you, Papa."

"Papapapa," Jessi patted Kevin on the opposite side. 

Kevin turned and kissed her cheek. "Hello, beautiful girl." 

Jessi chattered on, not saying anything intelligible, but Kevin responded with comments and nods.

Soon the two younger kids dozed off and Gus was watching a movie with headphones in the back seat. Kevin leaned forward and said, "I am still in shock that when we get back from our trip my great uncle will be visiting us."

"I am not trying to be an asshole but do you think it is safe to have the kids around? I'm not saying he would hurt them. I mean he's at least 140, but I don't want them around someone who... it sounds stupid, I know." Justin looked between Kevin and Brian.

"Why don't you take the kids into town for dinner or lunch, depending on when he comes," Kevin suggested.  

"That's a good idea. We can text if we think it is safe." Brian stopped, "Safe maybe isn't the right word but you know what I mean."

"I am going to meet my old uncle." It was a statement from Gus in the backseat. No one had noticed he had taken off his headphones.

"Gus, we'll come back in time..."

"I am staying! I am a Cain, just like my dad." Gus' voice had gotten louder.

"Shh! You don't want to wake the little ones," Kevin said to his grandson.

"Sorry," he said in a softer voice, "but I need to meet him and I want to meet the man that looks like Daddy, too."

"We'll think about it," Brian said.

"But, Dad..."

A little sharper Brian said, "Gus, you heard me."

Gus knew better than to say any more. But he was not going to let this go. He was going to meet his family. He didn't care what they said.

Kevin changed the conversation and talked to Gus about their lodging for the weekend, and by the time they arrived Gus was talking about wolf hunting. As they unloaded the van, Gus took a bag from Justin and they walked toward the door of the bubble.

"Daddy J., how do I tell Grandpa that all the wolves in Ireland died a long time ago?"

Justin stifled a laugh, "I'll break to him."

"Thanks, Daddy J. I just didn't know what to say."

 

The family settled into their lodging. They all shared a bath but there were three sleeping pods as well as a shared living space and nature everywhere they looked. For three nights they would be immersed in the woods around them. 

Jessi was fascinated, watching the little animals that skittered around the forest. There were birds and squirrels, rabbits and hedgehogs. "Bunny, bunny, bunny, bunny!" Jessi said as she bounced up and down on her chubby legs.

"Papa, what that?" Aaron asked, as a long, furry animal slid around the outside of the bubble.

"I am not positive but I think that might be a marten."

"Daddy, that Marten. Hi, Marten."

"No, Aaron that's not his ..." Kevin started to say it wasn't his name but thought it didn't matter.

Justin walked past and kissed his son. "Lots of animals around," he said to Aaron as he sat down, cross legged on the floor next to his bouncing daughter. He set her down in the center of his legs and they sat there watching all the critters. 

Gus had Kevin help him set up a telescope to look at stars later that night. Kevin showed him a map of stars and they marked the constellations they planned to find that night. Brian started some music and it filled the space with Etta James. He walked over to the spot Justin was sitting on the floor with Jessi and picked up his girl. Justin stood and walked over to Aaron and picked him up and the four danced for several minutes. Brian and Justin set the kids down and as Aaron took Jessi's hands and started to sway, Justin stepped into Brian's arms and Brian kissed him. 

Kevin and Gus walked in, and after Kevin picked up Jessi, Gus led Aaron to the side and that gave Brian and Justin room to dance a little. The dance ended in a deep dip and a long kiss. Justin straightened but didn't break the kiss. It took a knock on the door for them to separate.

Opening the door, they found the two large baskets of food they had ordered for dinner. The family sat around the small table in the shared room. The food was excellent. There were tender lamb chops and creamy mashed potatoes along with a variety of roasted vegetables and sticky toffee pudding for dessert. By the time dinner was done, Aaron and Jessi were getting sleepy.  They shared a bath in the big tub as they giggled, watching a deer come near the wall of the bubble.

After Brian and Justin had let them play for a while in the warm, sudsy water, they each picked one of them up and they dried them off before putting on their pajamas and tucking them in small cots in a small side bubble. Justin sang to them softly until they both fell asleep. Brian and Justin kissed Gus who was already watching the stars with his grandfather and they walked to their sleeping pod. It was on the far side of the cluster and not visible to Kevin and Gus.

"This is really an odd feeling," Justin said. "I mean, I have never been a prude, but for some reason, the feeling of being outside and yet inside, seeing the moon and stars...."

Brian started undressing Justin, kissing his bare skin as he exposed more area. Brian escorted Justin to the bed and then turned the light off. They laid on the bed naked just watching the stars for several minutes before they began to explore each other's bodies, their hands and tongues stroking every inch of the other's skin. They both felt the heat building, and by the time Brian moved into Justin every nerve in their bodies was on edge. The movements were slow and deliberate bringing the ecstasy to an even greater level before they tumbled through their pleasure.

Brian rolled off because the tingling in his skin wouldn't stop as long as they were in full contact.  Justin reached out so only their fingertips touched. They needed to come down separately but neither could bear to be apart either. Eventually, they rolled to each other and as Justin sprawled a leg over Brian's hip, Brian draped an arm around Justin's waist and they drifted off to sleep.

 

Kevin and Gus stayed up late into the night. The stars looked close enough to reach out and touch. After looking through the telescope for a few hours, Kevin and Gus lay in bed staring up.  

"Grandpa, are we closer to heaven here?" Gus asked in a wistful voice.

"No, Gussy but it sure is beautiful, isn't it?"

"I'm sure glad you came for my birthday. This is going to be the best birthday ever."

"I don't know of any place I would rather be." Kevin had to smile. What if Brian hadn't found him? He couldn't imagine not knowing this amazing little boy or anyone here this weekend.

"Grandpa, I am so lucky," now very sleepily.

"Why is that, Gus?"

"Daddy J has my same birthday. He and Daddy met that night. They fell in love the day I was born."

"And they have loved you ever since."

"I told you I was lucky."

"Good night, my boy."

"Night, Grandpa."

 

The next day, Gus and Kevin slept in, so after eating breakfast, Brian and Justin bundled Aaron and Jessi up in boots and jackets and the four of them took a walk in the forest and along a nearby lake. They strolled out to the end of the dock and sat on a bench, each holding one of the kids. They watched a bird swoop down and pick up a small fish.

"Daddies, look at the bird! A fishie!" Aaron pointed as the bird flew away.

"Fishie," Jessi imitated her older brother. None of them wanted to go in so Brian wrapped a blanket around all of them and they sat in their warm cocoon. Justin kissed each of the kids and then Brian met his lips for a slow, smoldering kiss. "Daddies! Nough!" Jessi pushed her fathers apart. She turned to Justin and gave him a big hug. "Love Daddy."

"I love you, too, sweetheart."

"Daddy," Aaron said to Brian, "look at the bunnies." A grown rabbit hopped along the bank with four little ones following her."

"Look, Jess, bunnies!" Justin pointed and Jessi started to wiggle off his lap.

"Oh, no, missy. You are not running on the dock." Justin nodded at Brian and they all walked to shore and, with the sun now higher in the sky, the dew in the grass had dried up and they let the kids run knowing the rabbits were long gone. The next half hour they giggled and chased each other around.

 

Gus came out of the sleeping pod, rubbing his eyes. "Daddy? Daddy J?"

"Hey, Gus, everyone else took a walk." He hugged his grandson to his side. "They should be back in a little bit.  Are you hungry?"

"Yes! Starving! What do we have for breakfast?"

"Well, it looks like we have some oatmeal and fruit, but there is also toast and cheese. What would you like?" Kevin smiled down at him. For a moment he realized that Brian must have looked very much like Gus at this age. He may have missed Brian's childhood but he was going to spend as much time as he could with him.

"Can I have oatmeal, cheese, and fruit?"

"Of course you can, Gus. That sounds like a great breakfast," Kevin said as he scooped out some of the porridge, sprinkled it with dried apples, and then put some cheese on the side. He also set a mug of warm cocoa in front of him and a cup of tea for himself.

"Thanks, Grandpa. The stars were really cool last night, weren't they?"

"They were amazing. Earth can be a magical place," Kevin said.

"I know but there are bad things sometimes, too."

"You're right, Gus, but we can try to make it the best earth there is."

And then the whole place exploded with noise and activity as the rest of the family returned. Both Aaron and Jessi ran to Kevin talking about bunnies, birdies, and fish. 

"Aaron, would you like some hot chocolate?" Justin asked.

"Chocat, Daddy," Jessi said.

"Of course, love. I will make some for both of you. Gus, would you like some, too?"

"No thanks. Grandpa made some for me for breakfast." 

Soon everyone was sitting around the small table in their dwelling. Brian and Justin drank cups of Irish tea while the younger two had hot chocolate out of sippy cups.

The remainder of Saturday and Sunday morning was similar. On Sunday they were surprised to find a large buck outside of the bubbles. He came so close Aaron reached out and the deer pressed his nose in the same spot. He then repeated the motion when Jessi copied her brother. They both were all smiles.  

Later that day they all dressed in their tweed jackets and Jessi wore a little tweed skirt and vest that matched all the men in her life. She stood in the middle of the room and spun in circles as the skirt swirled around her. "I told you she needed the skirt," Brian said. He and Justin had a debate between pants and the skirt, but Brian had insisted she would want to do just what she had. She was a girly girl right now and they were going to let her enjoy it. By the time she was seven she might be in  leather pants or only wear denim. That girl was going to be who she wanted to be and right now that is an angel in tweed.

They had ordered transportation which was actually an oversized golf cart with plastic curtains for the short ride to the main building. They walked into the small dining room. There were a half dozen couples sitting at small tables. They were led to a back table that was set up just for them. Brian noticed a few of the guests did not look happy seeing small children at the upscale eatery and when he heard one of the customers already complaining to the wait staff.

"I thought this was an adult only establishment. I am spending far too much money at this resort to have children ruin it."

Brian stopped, softly telling Aaron to follow Grandpa. He then turned to the server standing by the table. "Put their meal on our tab." He then looked at the woman who had made the nasty comment, "My children never ruin my life. Too bad you don't have joy like that in yours." He looked over at his table where Kevin was putting a smiling Jessi into her highchair and Gus was helping push Aaron's chair closer to the table. As Brian walked away, the woman sputtered while her husband tried to hide his smile.

Brian kissed Justin as he sat down. "What was that all about?"

"I am paying for their meal to shut the bitch up about our children."

Soon the server came to their table and the appetizer was delivered. They had ordered ahead of time since it was already later than the kids usually ate. The family ate and talked. The adults included the children in the conversation and they may have gotten a little too loud; it was all happy noise. Aaron was talking about the deer that had been outside and Jessi talked about the bunnies. Gus told all of them about the latest telescope adventure. He was already talking about finding the same stars once they got home.  

Gus noticed the couple Brian had talked to earlier were about to leave. Gus looked at the flower in a vase on their table and he jumped off his chair, plucked out the stalk and moved quickly across the room. "Excuse me," Gus said softly to the woman. "I hope we weren't too loud," he said as he handed her the flower. "Have a nice evening." With that Gus turned and went back to his chair just as the server arrived with their main meal.  

"What dis?" Jessi asked.

"Well, Love, this is colcannon," Kevin said. "I remember my mom making this. It was one of my favorites when I was young."

"What's in it, Grandpa?" Gus asked. "I see potatoes."

"Well, growing up in Iowa, it changed depending on what we had in our cellar. It always had potatoes in it and some kind of vegetables. We usually had cabbage. We always had milk and butter because we had a couple cows so the potatoes were creamy and had a little texture because of the cabbage. Then we usually have home-cured ham with it." Kevin looked wistful. "I haven't thought about those days in a long time. Now I wish I would have ordered colcannon."

"Tell us more about where you grew up." Gus said.

"How about I tell you tonight while we watch the stars. I don't think your brother and sister are old enough to enjoy all of my stories at their ages."

"Ok. What are you eating for dinner?"

‘'We all have lamb and roast root vegetables."

"And of course, soda bread." Justin held up a loaf and broke it into chunks offering some of it to each of the kids.

The rest of the meal was filled with love and laughter. After they had a little dessert Brian asked the server for the tab so he could sign it off. The young woman smiled at everyone around the table and then looked at Brian. "Your tab has been paid. It may be overstepping but you shall find out anyway. It was the couple you spoke to before your meal. They left this note for you." She handed Brian an envelope and said, "No rush. Stay as long as you like."

Brian handed Justin the envelope and he opened it. "‘Mr. Kinney and family, I owe you an apology. I had forgotten that children can be a joy, and watching you and your family, love shines. Thank your sweet son for the flower and enjoy the rest of your time in our country.'" Justin smiled, "That was very kind of them."

"I just hope she is happier," Gus said. "Everyone should feel love." He hugged his brother next to him. "We all have so much, I like to give some of it away."

The server came back with a small cloth bag. "Since you said you couldn't eat dessert right now, I have a bag of shortbread for you to take back to your lodging. Maybe they can be a snack on the way home tomorrow."

 

The same cart took them back to their bubbles and after getting the young ones into bed, Brian and Justin changed into heavy jeans and sweaters and they walked out together wrapping a wool blanket around both of them as they walked. Justin slipped his arm around Brian's waist and Brian draped his arm around Justin's shoulders, pulling him close.   

"Where are we going, Bri?"

"You'll see."

Justin stopped and turned to face him, "Come on, Brian, tell me." He looked up into Brian's face and Brian put a hand on either side of his face.

"You remind me of when we first met. Seven years ago tomorrow my life changed forever. I became a father and I found the man who taught me to live. I could never have imagined all this  seven years ago." Brian started guiding Justin further down the path.

As they neared the lake, Justin noticed a trail of candles and as they came to the small meadow the kids had played in, Justin stopped and took in a sharp breath. "How..." In the middle of the meadow there was a bed. On the bed, there were pillows and blankets. The only light came from the night sky and the full moon reflecting off the lake. "Brian, what is all this?"

"Seven years ago tonight we met. I didn't know it that night but it was the beginning of my life as I know it. You know I'm not one for religion or much about God, but whatever controls our world knew I'd kill myself if I was alone." Brian smiled, "Let's get under those warm blankets." They moved together to the bed. Justin began to undress. "Justin, you don't need to..."

"Brian, I cannot lay in this bed with you and not feel your skin against me." He pulled off his jeans.

"Damn, I love you." They both finished undressing and slipped under the layers of blankets.

"Brian, you really wouldn't have killed yourself, would you?"

"I was on a self destructive path. You know that. I would never have realized I needed a relationship with Gus. Being a father and a husband showed me what life really was and then, well, I learned what a real family is. I didn't have a real life until..." Brian rolled so he hovered over Justin and then began to brush his lips over his. He did this several times but never allowed Justin to deepen the kiss.

After several minutes Justin pleaded, "Bri, I need, fuck, I need you." Brian then stopped moving back and forth and now he claimed Justin's mouth with so much need that Justin orgasmed with such totality that he blacked out for a moment. He then instinctually moved one of his legs allowing Brian to enter him. He moved so slowly that, soon, Justin was again ready to climax.  Brian drew it out as long as he could hold on and then, as they both tumbled down from the joy they created together. 

As Brian rolled off of Justin and slipped his arm under him to pull him close Justin said softly, "Brian, look!" He pointed up.

"Holy shit!" he said softly as a meteor shower filled the sky. For the next twenty minutes they watched a constant stream of falling stars. They didn't move or say a word until the shower had passed. 

Neither of them wanted to break the magic. Brian tightened his hold on Justin and finally said, "That was better than anything I could have planned."

"It was... I can't come up with words that can describe it."

Brian turned from Justin enough to pull his pants off the ground. He pulled something out of his pocket and then he turned back to Justin and offered him a very small box.

"Brian, you shouldn't... I didn't get you anything. We never give gifts. We do stuff but..."

"Will you shut up and open it!"  

Justin kissed him and then quickly unwrapped the small box. Inside he found a father's ring. "Oh, Brian, it is so perfect!" He slipped the ring out of the box and slipped it on his pinkie. It fit perfectly. Brian reached into his pocket once more and slipped an identical ring onto his own finger. 

"We aren't complete without them so now they are always with us." Brian laid back down and again pulled Justin close. Brian's hand moved down Justin's chest and then his torso and soon he was stroking Justin slowly, causing him to become erect. Brian then turned his back to Justin and moved his top leg forward, making it obvious what he wanted Justin to do.

Justin draped his arm around Brian's waist and then he slowly moved into him and again they were one.                                  

 

The next morning, it was time for the family to return to their house. Brian and Justin had arrived back at the bubbles at sunrise. Even now, as they packed up, Brian and Justin snagged kisses and intimate looks. Even though they had made love more times then they could count, last night had been special. 

When they were all loaded up and started toward Killinaboy, Gus talked about the meteor shower from the night before until he drifted off to sleep after his active night. Justin had insisted on Kevin sitting in the front passenger seat and he sat between the two carseats and interacted with Jessi and Aaron.

Kevin and Brian talked quietly about the meteor shower but then the conversation switched to the impending visit they were expecting from the man whose actions led to Kevin's entire upbringing.

"What do you think he will be like?" Kevin asked Brian, needing some reassurance.

"I am not sure. You talked to his grandson more than I did. Did he give you any ideas?"

"He's not an easy man. Spending that much time in prison had to have an effect, but did it make him harder or did it make him regret his past?"

"I guess we'll just have to wait to find out. He must be 100 or nearly," Brian tried to calculate.

"I don't know exactly, but he is in his mid 90's now. He has to be unable to worry about physically, but in the message young Quinn sent, there will be four of them. He will accompany his grandfather and there will be a driver and, in Quinn's words, a companion. All I can think of is that it is a body guard of sorts."

"Dad, I hadn't told you this yet, but Kate helped me find a couple men, off duty police, to be around on Wednesday. They will pose as contractors that are working around the house. And Justin, the girls, and the kids are going to be in town with Kate and Maggie. If everything is kosher, I'll give them the all clear and they can come for dinner with us. If we aren't sure, all of us will meet them in town for dinner. Quinn said they were spending the night in town because his grandfather couldn't handle the trip back in one day."

"I should have known you had everything in place."

"Daddy," Gus said from the backseat. No one had noticed he was awake and listening. "I am going to stay with you and Grandpa. I'm a Cain, too. I helped find him."

"Gus, you are coming with the rest of us. Fiona is expecting you and she is your best friend," Justin said.

"Daddy J, I need to..."

Justin turned around and said, "Gus, you are coming with us."

"But Daddy, tell Daddy J..."

"Gus!" Justin said sharply, "Your dad isn't going to contradict what I said."

Gus shrank back into his seat and crossed his arms on his chest. "Your dad is right. Now is not the time for us to talk about it." Brian caught Gus' eye in the mirror and then he looked at Justin and he knew this discussion was over, but he wasn't sure it would be so bad for Gus to stay. 

 

Molly, with a kitten in each arm, met them at the van. "My kitties!" Aaron called out, and as soon as his carseat was unbuckled he squirmed out of it and out the van door. Molly handed both kittens to the little boy and he kissed each of them before walking into the house. Liam showed up and helped carry the bags in while Rachel and Sonya took over the care of the kids, although Gus was still pouting over Justin's decision.

Kevin looked from Brian to Justin and then touched Brian's shoulder. "I think you need to clear the air before you come in."

"Thanks, Dad." Brian said. Without a word Justin walked past and continued down the walkway past the house to the studio. Brian followed him into the building and up the stairs. "Justin, I really don't think..."

"How could you do that?" Justin turned to face him. "Our son is not going to be here when a mass murderer arrives!"

"Justin the guy is almost 100. You met Quinn. He could have done a lot of things, but he didn't. Do you really think he would be in any danger?"

"Danger? Physically, probably not, but what about what he might say? I don't want Gus exposed to details of a double murder or of any of the other criminal acts he may have committed."

"Justin, Gus has been a part of this since the minute we got here. He helped find some of the information. He is a Cain."

"Brian, does that make Gus special? The fact that he is biologically yours? Where does that leave Aaron and Jessie? But that isn't what this conversation is about. Gus is too young to be around a criminal like that without him being checked out first." Justin looked at Brian, "And I will not change my mind on this, so don't get Gus' hopes up. I expect you to tell him that tonight." With that Justin turned and walked down the steps and out of the studio.

Brian stood in the empty studio. What had just happened? At this point he wasn't sure if he was in more trouble because he thought Gus should be here to meet his great great uncle or because he had said Gus was a real Cain. He treated all his kids the same, but Gus was older and he had been doing research with him so he was aware of the family tree. Justin knew that, didn't he?

 

On Monday night, Justin went to bed early and when Brian joined him, he feigned sleep. Brian got in bed with him but didn't attempt to get any closer to him. On Tuesday they spoke when it was needed to plan for the visitors on Wednesday, but it wasn't until bedtime that they actually had a conversation.

"Did you tell Gus he would be going into town with us?" Justin asked Brian as he walked into the bathroom.

"I did, but he asked me one last time to get you to change your mind."

"And what did you say?" Justin snapped.

"I told him we talked and you were right. It wasn't the best place for him to be when our company arrived."

"Thank you. Brian, I know you don't really understand my point of view on this, but Gus is so sensitive. I am not sure how he would deal with an outburst if it happened."

"I can understand that, but I just don't think..." Brian said as Justin walked out of the bathroom and got into his side of the bed. "Justin, why are you so angry? I apologize I didn't support you right away with Gus. That was totally my fault. I just don't understand why you are so angry about this."

"I will be leaving with the kids about 1:00 tomorrow unless we hear they are arriving early. I will return with them around 5:00 so they can meet and then we can eat together before they go into town to sleep."

Brian got into bed with him, "Justin," Justin did not turn over, "please look at me." 

Justin turned over, and putting his elbow on his pillow he rested his head on his hand. "What?" He didn't seem angry but he was withdrawn.

"I hate this. I can't stand it when there is distance between us. What can I do to fix this?"

"Brian, it is just going to take a little time to forget that Gus is more important to you than our other two children."

"I never meant that; not the way it sounded. It isn't because he is my biological child. Look at your ring. Look at my ring. Gus is just older and has been so excited about this all along."

Justin smiled a bit and reached out for Brian to take his hand. "I'm sorry. I know you love them. I know you love me. I just have this uneasy feeling and I can't get rid of it. The kids' well being is what worries me the most right now. If that old man does anything to hurt them..."

"That will never happen. If I have any doubt about old Quinn meeting them, they won't meet him." Brian reached over and, tilting Justin's head, leaned in and kissed him. "I love you."

Giving Brian a small smile he replied, "I love you, too." Justin moved closer to Brian and Brian wrapped his arms around him. Both men relaxed without the tension between them and soon they drifted off into their own thoughts and dreams of the day to come.

 

 

Chapter 10 by Simply written

 

"But Dad, I helped find Uncle Quinn. Why can't I..." Gus was begging Brian, and as Justin walked through, Gus turned to him and said, "This is all your fault!"

With that Brian took Gus' shoulders and said sternly, "Gus Kinney, that is enough. This was not just Daddy J's decision. He was smarter than me about this and I totally agree that it is an adult only meeting first. You will join us for dinner."

"It isn't fair!" Gus stomped his foot.

"One more word out of you and you won't meet him at all." Brian looked directly into his eyes, "And if you say anything else to Daddy J about this, that counts, too. Now, go out to the van and pull yourself together." 

Gus looked up at his dad and then at Daddy J before he pulled on a jacket and walked out the door. Rachel and Sonya each took one of the little ones out to the van while Justin put on his coat. He walked over to Brian and kissed him. "I've never seen him like that."

"He was out of line, Love. We agreed on this together and I know it was my fault for talking before thinking it through completely."

"Neither of us handled this well from the beginning. I'll get some time with him alone and try to smooth this over."

"I'll text you sometime this afternoon. I love you." Brian gave Justin a hug.

"Love you, too." Justin said as he rushed out the door.

 

Gus was silent all the way into town. Justin thought about talking to him but decided to wait a little while. Kate opened her home, welcoming everyone. She had small beds made up for her youngest, Jessi, and Aaron to take naps, and a craft table set up for Fi and Gus to play at. For the adults she had hot tea and sweets. Justin sent Sonya and Rachel out to enjoy a little shopping while he and Kate stayed with the kids.

Once Fi and Gus were involved in the artwork, Kate handed Justin a fresh cup of tea and a home baked scone. "So you want to tell me what is up?" Justin reached out and touched her hand and she noticed his ring. "Wow, what a great ring!"

Justin had to smile, "Brian got us each one for our seventh anniversary."

"You are too young to have been married for seven years."

"It has been seven years since we met. The weekend was spectacular, but on the way home there was a little bit of a disagreement."

"Between you and Brian?"

"Yes but," he nodded toward Gus, "he was involved."

Kate looked over at her daughter's playmate. "I take it there is still some tension with the young one."

"He didn't want to come today. He thought he should stay and meet Quinn."

"He will have more fun here with my lass."

"I agree."

There was noise at the table where Fi had jumped up and was now standing. "Mam, I'm sorry.  I spilled my water."

"No problems, Love. We will go get you some dry clothes." Kate smiled at Justin and went upstairs with her daughter.  

Justin walked over with a cloth and wiped up the water on the table and floor where Fi had been sitting. He noticed Gus glance up at him so he sat down across from. "Gus, can we talk?"

Gus looked up at him and then he said, "I was so mad at you, Daddy J. I wanted to stay to meet our visitors."

"I know that, Gussy, but I'm your dad and I wasn't sure it was safe for you there."

"Daddy wouldn't let anyone hurt me."

"Oh, I know your daddy would take care of you, but we just don't know what your uncle is like. I will always do what I think is best for you, even if you get mad at me for it."

Gus' eyes shimmered. "I'm sorry, Daddy J. I didn't mean to get so mad. I could use a hug," he said as the first tear rolled down his cheeks. Justin rushed around the table and dropped on his knees next to Gus, wrapping him in his arms. Gus circled his neck and held on.

When Kate and Fiona reentered the kitchen, Justin was wiping Gus' eyes but both looked much more relaxed. Gus hugged Fi and said, "You look pretty, Fiona. Let's draw kitties."

 

Kevin received a text letting them know that the Cain relatives would be there in about ten minutes. The undercover carpenters were working outside the room they would have their meeting in and Molly had been sent to her cottage. If everything went smoothly the garda would contact her and let her know she should come back to start supper.

As the car drove up, Brian and Kevin looked at each other and then opened the door to greet their guests. The first door to open was the driver's. A twenty something man got out and immediately opened the door behind him. Young Quinn got out of the passenger side and came up to Brian and Kevin. He shook both of the mens' hands as they continued to watch the long, black town car.

"He is definitely an intriguing man." Quinn gave Kevin and Brian a knowing smile. "There are very few people who know what he looks like."

"What we want to know is who is the fourth person? Is it his bodyguard?" Brian wasn't going to beat around the bush.

Quinn smiled, "Well, sort of. Where is the rest of your family?"

Kevin put a hand on Quinn's arm, "Until we met your grandfather, we thought it was best they weren't here. I hope you understand."

"I do. I used to be very intimidated by Poppy, or at least some of his companions." He watched as the driver offered a hand and assisted an elderly man out of the car.

On the other side of the car the door popped open and a pretty redhead got out. "I've got him, Timothy." The woman rushed around the car and took the elderly man's arm.

"She a nurse?" Brian asked.

"That's what he thinks, and she is, but she is also part of the Garda Síochána." Brian looked blank. "That's our version of MI5. My grandfather still has people threaten him regularly. Please don't mention that part to him."

"Who would want..." 

Brian stopped his question when Kevin moved to the car and, smiling at the nurse, said, "May I assist you, Uncle Quinn? May I call you Uncle?"

Brian watched his father offer his arm to his uncle and Quinn took it. There was a definite family resemblance. It appeared all the Cain men were fairly tall and lean, although the man Kevin assisted was now stooped with age. Brian could feel the man's energy as he came closer. "So, you are Kellan's son?" The man's voice was strong and commanding.

"Yes, I am." Kevin gave him support up the step and then led him into the house.

"He's dead?" Uncle Quinn asked.

"Yes, he is. He has been gone more than twenty years."

"Ha!" It wasn't a laugh really. "He was worried what would happen if he stayed here, and then he still died young. Was his life a happy one?"

Kevin led him to a chair and the nurse appeared and helped him sit down. Quinn nodded to her and said ‘thank you, Cara' softly. "My father and mother were happy. It was a hard time to live anywhere. He and my mother raised us with lots of love in a big, mostly happy, family but I won't lie, there were always secrets and both my parents always seemed to be on edge, like they were waiting for something terrible to happen."

"I am sure they were. And this is your son?"

"This is Brian."

It was obvious Quinn was not shy, "I thought you were a priest. Are priests allowed to fuck in the U.S.?"

"I wasn't a priest at that time. I was a young soldier back from war."

"Did you love her or were you just a randy young man?"

"Uncle Quinn, that is a whole other story, but I love Brian and his family."

"I hear he is a fairy." Brian and Kevin bristled. "I know that isn't what people say now. I don't care where you stick your cock. My Quinn also tells me," he now turned to Brian, "That you are a wonderful father and family man. That is something I couldn't seem to pull off."

"Poppy, you have changed that, now." Quinn said to his grandfather.

"A little late I'd say, since you are the only family member that comes around out of the seventy plus I spawned or are spawn of my spawn." The look he gave his grandson showed emotion. Brian couldn't decide if it was the look of love or regret or maybe a bit of both.

"Sorry, I'm not sure what to call you," Brian said, looking at his great uncle.

"Call me Cain. Most people think Cain is fitting."

"Cain, I hope to introduce you to the rest of my family at supper tonight. My husband, Justin, is in town with our three children playing with friends. This would not have been exciting to them."

"And you are protecting your family from a murderer. I may be old but I haven't lost my wits yet." Cain started coughing a bit. 

"Would it be possible to get him some water?" Cara asked.

"Sure," Brian stood and moved to the door.

"I'll come, too, if you don't mind." Cara followed Brian out of the sitting room and into the kitchen area.

"The bathroom is over there." Brian figured that was why she followed him.

"I will use that before I go back to the other room. I just needed to stretch a bit."

"What is he really like?"

"He has a truly evil past and I am sure he deserved all the time he did, but we have to believe he did his time and in many ways, he still is doing time. Until Quinn showed up a couple years ago, he had not seen any family members since he was released."

"How long have you worked for him?" Brian put a pitcher of water on a tray with several glasses.

"I have been with him almost since Quinn arrived." 

The driver, Timothy, came in. "Cain's water? He is still coughing." Brian handed him the tray and he growled a bit.

"Timothy, I'll be there as soon as I use the loo."

"Fine!" He left the room.

"Is he with the garda, too?"

Cara laughed as she walked toward the bathroom, "He got out of prison three months ago. He was only allowed to get parole if he had employment and the only way he got employment was with another ex con. He wouldn't be here if I didn't work at the house."

 

As the afternoon continued most of the conversation was between Kevin and his uncle, while Brian and Quinn listened to all they said. He let Justin know dinner would be at 6:00 and they could come home any time after 5:00. He also sent the undercover garda home. 

"Please tell me what led up to my grandparents' death."

"That's a polite way to ask how or probably more likely why I killed my parents." He took a sip of water, "I am not going to blame my parents although the beatings my father gave us, well mostly me, made a boy like me rebel more, although your father got it for being too meek sometimes. I am sure you know most of it. After all the small arrests and one final beating, I left for Dublin. I then got caught up in a gang. It was all bad and when I decided I wanted to get out of it, I wanted to repair my reputation..." He thought for a moment, "Kellan had already taken his bride to Iowa." He took one more breath and said, "My father would not listen. He wouldn't let me in the house. He said if I didn't leave he would call the garda. So I left for the bar. I honestly don't remember going back hours later. I started a fire. I didn't think it would kill them, but it did." There was little emotion in his voice.

"So it was a mistake? You didn't mean to kill them?" Kevin looked like a boy as he listened to his uncle.

"Hell, it doesn't matter. They were dead and I deserved to pay the price. I am sure you heard that I was a cold blooded killer. I am sure that is what your father was told." Cain looked at his watch. "Would you mind if I closed my eyes for a short time? I would like to be rested when I meet the rest of your family."

"Why don't I take you to the den. There is a comfortable sofa there and it is away from the activity of the house," Brian said, and then he led Cain and Cara to the den. Once Cara made sure he was comfortable she came to the kitchen. Timothy took a walk around the property while Quinn and Brian sat on a back sun porch. They had on their jackets but with the afternoon sun they were comfortable. "I don't feel like I had a chance to thank you for what you did for Justin that day on the Cliffs.

"No thanks is needed. I am sorry I scared you all. If I would have gone to the library like you did, I could have solved the mystery long ago. I'm not a stupid man, but I learn best by doing. I just have never been one for books or being indoors."

"I can understand that, but it would have been easier on Justin if you hadn't snuck around."

"How are Justin and your children?" Quinn asked as he accepted a cup of tea from Cara. 

She gave one to Brian as well and then sat down with the two men. "You know, it is obvious you two are related. You look like you could be brothers and I know I only met you this afternoon," she looked at Brian, "but I have a feeling you are similar in a lot of ways."

"Dad will be leaving at the end of the week and we will be around until the end of November. I hope you can visit again before then," Brian said to Quinn.

"I would like that.Thank you for the invitation." As Quinn finished his sentence there was the sound of a motor and then it was cut off.

"Oh, I hope you two are ready for my hellions." 

Aaron was the first one through the back door. "Daddy! Missed you!" Brian scooped him up just as Jessi toddled in holding Rachel's hand. 

"Dadada!" Jessi threw herself onto Brian's knees.

"Cara, Quinn, I'd like you to meet my two youngest. This handsome boy, who looks so much like my husband, is Aaron. And that gorgeous beauty," he said as Jessi walked over to Cara, who picked her up and set her on the cushion next to her, "is Jessi. She has too much character to be like anyone but Jessi."

"And this is Gus," Justin said as they walked onto the porch, hand in hand. 

Brian had to smile because it was obvious Gus and Justin had mended their rift. "Cara, this is my oldest son, Gus, and," Brian, still holding onto Aaron, walked over and kissed his love, "this is Justin. He has put up with me for seven years and I love him more today than any day previous. Justin, this is Cara. She is Cain's nurse and also happens to be part of the garda."

"Cara, that's the police, right?" Gus asked politely.

"It is, Gus," Cara then added, "It is obvious you are a Cain as well."

"Actually, I am Gus Kinney now, but I helped look up a lot of the information to find Grandpa's family."

Justin silently walked into the kitchen. Molly looked up from the stove and saw Justin's face. "Now what has wiped the smile off of your face. I thought you would be happy that today has gone well."

"Molly, I just don't like..." he stopped and rephrased what he was going to say. "Was I being unreasonable about Gus coming with us?"

"I understand, Justin, but here in Ireland, you can love strongly, but a blood tie..."

"So Gus is the chosen one because he came from Brian?"

"All your children have their own bloodline."

"And all of them have prison in that bloodline. I just can't think about that. Our children are all Taylor-Kinney's, and I never want anyone to differentiate between them." Justin left the kitchen and decided he needed a minute. He went down the hall and into the den. He stopped in his tracks when he saw the elderly man sitting up in a chair.

"Well, you must be Justin. You are the one who didn't want your children to meet me." Cain looked at him. "You would have been everyone's favorite in prison."

"Sorry I barged in. I didn't know you were in here."

"Sit, Justin. I was rude. I'm old. I sometimes forget."

"And sometimes you just choose to be rude." Justin looked at the old man who did resemble Kevin. "And I will protect my children above anything else on earth, so until I knew you would be civil with them, I was not letting you near them."

"I deserved that," Cain said smiling broadly. "I can see you have what it takes to keep a Cain in line."

"I have what it takes to keep a Kinney in line. We have created our own bloodline. Brian was raised a Kinney, and I'm glad he found you, because I know it was important to him, but we will always be the Taylor-Kinney's."

"You can say that, my boy, but one of those children is my blood. I don't care what his name is, he will always be a Cain."

Justin turned around and left the room nearly running directly into Cara. "What did he do?" she asked softly, putting a hand on Justin's shoulder.

"He just hit me where I'm the most sensitive. I'll be fine."

"A bit of advice? If he brings it up again, ignore it. If he knows he is getting under your skin he won't stop and will use it against you any time he can. I think I started some of your irritation earlier. I am sorry."

"It's alright. Thanks for the advice, Cara." Justin walked back down the hall to see if Molly needed help.

 

The table was filled with people and a great deal of food. Timothy filled a plate of food and chose to eat out on the porch by himself. "He is welcome to..."

"No, he chooses to stay withdrawn." Cain commented. Sitting at the head of the table, he asked Quinn to sit on one side of him and Kevin on the other, while Brian sat at the other end of the table. Jessi sat between Brian and Justin while Gus sat next to Kevin. Aaron sat next to Cara and since the table was full, Sonya and Rachel sat by the counter and helped Molly serve when she needed them.

"Is something wrong, Justin?" Brian asked softly.

"We'll talk later. Now's not the time." Justin smiled at Brian and Brian kissed his cheek. Jessi reached up and patted their cheeks.

Cain ate mostly in silence and as soon as they finished eating, he announced they were leaving. "You will be my guests for breakfast before we go back home. 8:30." Cara helped him get up and Quinn helped him put on his jacket, and without another word, he took Kevin's arm making sure he walked out to the car with him.

Justin asked Rachel and Sonya to start getting the kids ready for bed,  promising to say goodnight before they fell asleep. Gus was tired himself so followed the others upstairs. Brian slipped his arm around Justin's waist as they looked through the window at Kevin who was leaning over to talk to Cain.

"Want to tell me what happened today?"

"When I left the porch I didn't know he was in the den. He instantly attacked me verbally. He made it clear that I was not part of the family and neither were Jess and Aaron."

"I'm sorry, Justin. You were right about Gus today. It looks like you two cleared things up today?"

"We did. I probably didn't handle that the right way but there is something about all of this that sets my hair on end." 

"Well, he won't be an issue soon. Dad is leaving and he won't make the trip again." Kevin walked in as Brian wrapped his arms around Justin. "So what did Cain have to say?"

"He was just making sure we were coming for breakfast."

"I am not going to breakfast and the kids aren't either. Sitting in a pub for breakfast isn't necessary when we can eat great food right here." Kevin looked at Justin and then at Brian. Justin stated, "Let me guess, he doesn't want us to go, anyway. No wait. He wants Gus to go."

Kevin glanced at Brian and then looked at Justin. "Justin, I know this is a lot to ask. It is obvious he didn't treat you with respect, but he is an old man with no family except those at the table tonight."

"No Kevin, the only family at the table tonight was the Cain bloodline, and I am not included, as well as two of our children." Justin looked up at Brian.

"Babe, I know this isn't what you want and I am not agreeing with it, but it is the last time we will see him. He can't live long and we will be leaving the country in a few weeks."

Justin stepped out of Brian's arms. "Do what you want. I promised the kids I'd kiss them goodnight." He moved up the stairs.

Kevin looked at Brian, "I do understand his hesitancy. My uncle is not an easy man."

"I'll talk to him. I'll be able to tell how strongly he feels. And I won't mention it to Gus until I am sure Justin is okay with it."

"Brian, you know whatever happens, Justin is your life. Nothing is worth making him that upset."

"I know, Dad, but he needs to understand this is the last time we'll see him. I think once he thinks it through, he'll be fine." 

Kevin hugged Brian tightly. "Thank you, son. I am learning so much about my father from Cain."

"Good night, Dad. I love you."

"I love you, too, Son."

 

Justin was filling the bathtub when Brian walked in. He walked up behind him and wrapped his arms around Justin and kissed his neck. "Is that for you or both of us?"

Justin turned into his arms and rested his head on Brian's chest. "I'm sorry I feel this way but that man is evil. I don't want my children anywhere near him."

"I understand, Justin. I really do. I did this for Dad. Well, I did it for myself, too. I feel a connection to this country. I really do like Quinn. He couldn't choose his family any more than I could choose mine." Brian reached down and turned off the bath and then tugged off Justin's shirt. He kissed Justin's shoulders and as he did so he undid Justin's fly, letting the pants fall to the floor. He waited to see if Justin invited him to join him. As Justin started to unbutton Brian's shirt, Brian's mouth locked with Justin's and by the time Justin pushed the shirt off Brian's shoulders, he was rock hard. 

Brian began to drop to his knees but Justin stopped him. "I need to feel your arms around me right now."

Brian stepped into the tub and offered his hand to Justin who followed him into the bath and then sank against Brian as Brian wrapped his long, strong arms around him. They sat in the tub without speaking but their actions spoke volumes. The fact that Justin received strength just from being in Brian's arms.

Half an hour later they dried each other off and got into bed. Justin moved to the middle of the bed and Brian met him there. Their bodies fit together and when Brian was sure Justin was willing, he entered him very slowly but didn't move. He just draped his arm around Justin's chest. Painstakingly slowly, Brian began to move. Soon Justin groaned and as he climaxed Brian let himself go also but he didn't move away. 

As they continued to come down from their orgasms, Justin softly said, "Take Gus along. Give the old man what he asked for."

"Thank you, my love. That will make Kevin and Cain happy."

"Just don't make me regret it," Justin said and Brian then felt his body relax and he knew Justin was asleep.

 

Justin was already out of the house when Brian got up. He found Gus in his bedroom. "Hey, Gus." Brian walked over and kissed his son.

"Dad, I am going to breakfast with you, right? Uncle Cain wants me to."

"Yes, Gus, you can come to breakfast but let's sit for a couple minutes." Brian sat in an overstuffed chair and Gus squeezed in next to him.

"What is it, Daddy? Where's Daddy J? Isn't he going to breakfast with us?"

"No, he is staying home today. Gus, do you know why Uncle Cain asked for you to come to breakfast and not your brother and sister?"

"Well, they are a lot littler."

"Yes, that's true, but that isn't the reason."

"Oh, I just thought it was because I was bigger."

"Gus, I know this might be a little confusing but you know we have a special family."

"Yes, we all love each other more than lots of people."

Brian smiled and hugged him close. "You know Daddy J and I love all of you the same, right?"

"Ya, I know that."

"The reason Cain invited you is because you have the same heritage."

"Oh, okay. What heritage do Aaron and Jessi have?"

"Well, Aaron's is like Daddy J, and Jessi has her own heritage."

"She is special. Well, she is our only girl so of course she's special."

"Oh, Gus, you make life so real. Let's find something for you to wear." Once the clothes were picked. "You get dressed and then come over and I will help with your hair."

"I love you, Daddy."

Brian smiled as he crossed the hall. "I love you, too, Gus."

 

At 8:00 Brian, Kevin, and Gus were on the road heading to town. Cain and Quinn were waiting for them at a table in the back of the hotel restaurant. As soon as they sat down, full Irish breakfasts were served to all of them. After he had taken a bite of every item on the plate he looked up. "I am proud to see my family here today."

"Uncle Cain?" Gus interrupted, "not all of my family is here." Both Brian and Kevin put an arm around Gus.

"Young man, you are young. You will learn what family truly is." Cain continued, "I am glad we have met, because I want my grandson, my heir apparent, to have someone. I was not successful in fostering my family, but you seem to have figured that out. I hope you will accept him into your clan once I am gone."

As the elder of the American Cains, Kevin spoke, "Quinn will always be welcome. He is family."

"More important, he is blood."

Brian saw Gus was about to say something and gently tapped a finger to his lips.  Gus understood and sat back, leaning into Brian.

"I will not act like we will see each other again. My time is coming to an end. Quinn will let you know when it is over." And after saying that, he stood and walked away from the table. Cara had appeared out of nowhere and she assisted him out of the room.

"I will be in touch," Quinn said.

"Quinn," Kevin said, "You will always be welcome."

"Thank you, Kevin. I don't know why Poppy is so fixed on blood. I mean..." he had almost said he killed his own parents, but he glanced at Gus and didn't think that was appropriate. "I am really glad we did meet, and again, please tell Justin how sorry I am that I stalked him. I really did but... you know what I mean."

The men, along with Gus, stood. "Please keep in touch, Quinn." Kevin hugged the man that looked so much like his own son. "If there is anything we can do for you, let us know."

"I will, Kevin."

Gus gave him a hug and then Brian shook his hand, "You know I have an estate and I can always use another helper around the place. I have heard I will be losing some of my employees, so I will be looking for some people."

"That would be cool. Anyone that works at our house is part of the family." Gus smiled up at him.

"He's right. You are part of the family."

"I better go up. Poppy will expect me."

As Brian, Kevin, and Gus walked out to the van Gus said, "Uncle Cain isn't very happy is he?"

"I think he misses having a family. That's why he liked meeting us."

"Well, maybe it is his fault he doesn't have a family. I mean we have lots of family but he only wanted to be with half of us."

"That is true, Gus. That is very true."

Gus talked about Fiona and then he got quiet. "Gus, what is it?" Kevin asked, looking over his shoulder at his grandson.

"Grandpa, I don't want you to leave."

"Awe, Gus, I need to get back, but remember, Grandma Jenn will be here in a couple weeks and it will only be a little longer and you will be back home."

"I know, but then I will miss Fi."

 

The last couple of days Kevin was there, he spent as much time as he could with the grandkids, but he also realized Justin was really working through a lot. The night before he was to leave, he saw Justin go back to the studio after putting the kids to bed. Brian stood at the back door and watched Justin's shadow in the window. Kevin put his hand on Brian's shoulder before walking past him and jogging over to the studio. 

Kevin entered the studio and headed up the steps, he stopped before going all the way up.  "Justin, may I come in?"

"Sure, Kevin." He glanced over his shoulder as he came up. "Sorry, I haven't been very sociable the last few days."

"Justin, you don't have to apologize. I don't want this family reunion to hurt your family. I know you are trying to protect what you have."

"I wish Brian could understand that."

"He does, Justin, but other than you and your kids, family has never been important."

"I know that. It is just hard to think that... that man didn't care about the rest of our kids."

"He's an old man. You will never see him again."

"For that, I'm grateful."

Liam was at the house bright and early and Kevin said goodbye to everyone. As Liam and Kevin drove away, Justin kissed each of the kids and Brian before walking back to the studio.

 

Chapter 11 by Simply written

 

The next week, they spent time around the house. Justin spent a good deal of time in the studio while Brian split his days between work and the kids. A couple of evenings Justin didn't even come into the house to sleep and when Brian went to check on him, he waved him off and kept painting.

Brian walked over and looked at the paintings he was working on. It was dark and disturbing and yet fascinating and stunning. "Wow, these are gorgeous."

No response.

Brian tried to slip his arms around Justin but he stepped away. "Justin, we need to talk about this. What do I need to do or say? Cain is gone. I'll never see him again."

Justin turned and dropped the brush on the table. "You still don't get it, do you?" 

"I do but it is over. I love all our kids. I always have and I always will."

"So you will never separate Gus out as a Cain?"

"I can't do that. Gus knows he's a Cain."

"Only because you made sure he thought he was different. Leave me alone."

"Fine! I'm going into town for a drink. Don't forget Jenn will be here at the end of next week."

"I don't forget my mom and she doesn't forget me either." With that he turned around and started painting again. 

 

After letting Rachel and Sonya know he was going into town. He drove to the pub and went in.  He was surprised to see someone waving him over. "Hey, Brian, come join me." Maggie's husband said. He got the bar maid's attention and soon Brian had a pint of Guinness in his hand. "So, what brings you in without your other half? You didn't have a fight, did you?"

"We really didn't, but he's not talking to me."

Jack laughed, "Oh you may as well say you did something. It usually speeds up the makeup."

"Ah, I wish it was that easy. My mother-in-law is coming next week. She'll straighten him up." He laughed lightly but it was obvious his heart wasn't in it. Brian drank and talked and drank more. Into his third stout he saw Jack text someone. "You don't have to stay here if you have someplace to be." 

"Aye, I do have to go, but I happen to know Kate is free tonight so she will be here in a few minutes. She could use a drink herself. That bloke she married is an ass."

"I've never had the pleasure to meet him."

"Meeting him is never a pleasure. He has been away for months and now he says..."

"Da, you wouldn't be talking about your grandchildren's father would ya'?"

"I might have been, darling daughter." Jack kissed her on the cheek, "but I will let you finish the story, as it is your story to tell." He patted Brian's shoulder, "My girl is a great listener," and with that he left them.

"So what was Da telling you?" Kate asked as she took a large swallow of beer. 

"He was just saying your husband has been away for months and..."

"He sent me a letter and told me he wasn't coming back. He said he wanted a divorce."

"Oh, Kate," Brian put his hand on her upper arm. "I'm sorry." He took a breath, "Should I be sorry?"

"Fi, of course, is sad because he's her dad, but she knows it is better that he's gone."

"Is it better? What aren't you saying?"

"Matt tended to drink too much and when he drank he got depressed and when he got depressed he got angry and when he got angry..." Kate finished her drink and the server arrived with another drink for each of them.

"Kate, what are you saying? Did he..."

"Well, most of the time he would yell or throw things, but there were a few times..."

"Where is he?" Brian stood up but had to grab the table to steady himself.

"He's in Dublin. He says he is giving me everything, like that's a big deal. My granny gave me the house. I never knew what he did with his paycheck. He has a good job. He was supposed to be saving for our retirement. Brian, what am I going to do? I don't have any retirement. I..."

Her voice went higher and she started to shake as Brian put his arms around her. "That asshole.  Don't worry, Kate."

"I'm sorry, Da said you had a problem of your own."

"Oh it's just this thing with Cain. He is such a big presence, and Gus was really involved. The fact that Gus is blood made a difference to Cain, and Justin accused me of not loving the other kids as much."

"He can't be serious. If my husband showed Fiona just half as much as you show all your babes... he can't really think..." Kate drank some more.

"He just has shut me out completely," Brian said, and this time Kate put her arms around him as he held onto her tightly. "I miss him so much." They both emptied their glasses and Brian stood, "It's almost 1:00. I better go home."

"Brian, you can't drive anywhere. Come home with me. Fi is with Da and Mom so you can sleep in her room." She took out her phone and after several attempts she managed to send a text to Justin. It said, ‘bRian staying wit me. Crank lots. No dRiVing for HIm'.

Arm in arm they made their way the short distance to Kate's house.

 

Justin, knowing Brian went into town, he went to the house and, after a hot shower, crawled in bed. He tossed and turned, worried about how Brian would get back. He had just dozed off when he heard his phone ping. He reached for it and saw the message from Kate. "Crank lots?" he said out loud. He thought for a second. "Drank lots. I wonder who drank more, her or him." He had to smile a little. At least he had Kate with him and he wouldn't try to drive home. He got up and first checked on Jessi before crossing the hall and looking in on the boys. After moving back to his room he stood by the window and looked over the meadow. 

He picked up his phone and called his mom. "Honey, I didn't expect a call from you tonight. It's almost 2:00 isn't it?"

"Ya. I just couldn't sleep so I thought I would give you a call." They talked for several minutes and, although Jenn could tell something was wrong, she didn't ask again. After saying goodbye, Justin sat on the edge of the bed and then light came into the room from the hallway.

"Daddy J., who were you talking to?"

"Gus, what are you doing up?" 

Gus walked over and got up on the bed with him. He took his hand. "Why are you mad at Daddy? Did he do something? Fi said her daddy and Kate aren't in love with each other anymore. Did you and Daddy fall out of love?"

Justin wrapped his arms around Gus. "Oh, God no, Gus! I love your father so much that it hurts, but we have some things to work out. And never ever worry about your dads loving you. We will always love you."

"But Daddy J, I know this has to do with me and Uncle Cain." 

"It does but that isn't your fault. Now, to answer the question you asked when you came in, I was talking to Grandma. She will be here in a few days and I am very excited!"

 

Jenn thought about it for a couple minutes and then called Brian. He was just arriving at Kate's when his phone rang. "Justin, is that you?" a sloppy Brian asked.

"No, but where the hell are you and why aren't you with him?"

"Ah, my beeeautiful mother in love. He doesn't want me around."

"He didn't say that on the phone. What is going on?"

"Oh Jenn, he can't get over the Cain thing. I know you've talked to my dad. He knows I love our children. I don't know what he wants me to do." Brian's voice was slurred.

"Brian, where are you? I know you aren't at the estate."

"I'm at Cousin Kate's. You'll like her... Jenn, I need to..."

"Goodnight, Brian. I'll see you soon." Jenn said before disconnecting the call.

"Oh, Kate, what am I going to do?" Kate sat down next to Brian on the sofa and handed him a whiskey.

Kate clinked her glass to Brian's and said, "May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live."  

They both took the shot and Brian dropped his head onto Kate's shoulder, "But I want. I want so much!"

Kate wrapped her arms around Brian's neck. "Oh, Brian, I know about want." She gave Brian a kiss and as she did, her hand was busy with his fly. "It has been so long since I have kissed a man," Kate said.

Brian sighed, "It has been far too long since I kissed a man, too."

As he completed the sentence, he took in a deep breath as Kate took his cock into her warm mouth, and as he dropped his head to the back of the sofa, he closed his eyes and drifted off with thoughts of Justin.

 

"Fuck!" Brian mumbled as the sun landed in his eyes. How much did he drink last night? Where the hell was he... As he tried to keep his eyes open he remembered coming home with Kate.  He sat up and then shut his eyes and thought again. "Oh, shit..." He placed his elbows on his knees and then rested his head on his hands. God, what had he done.

Kate came down the steps slowly. "I'll make coffee," she said quietly.  

He heard her moving in the kitchen and he got up and took a pee before going into the kitchen, and then dropped into a chair at the table. Brian watched Kate pour a cup of coffee for each of them and brought them to the table. As she handed him a mug she refused to meet his eyes.

"So I am guessing my memory, although very foggy, is accurate?" Brian asked.

Kate dissolved into tears, "Brian, I am so sorry. I have no idea what came over me."

"Your husband is divorcing you. My husband keeps telling me nothing is wrong but won't even talk to me. And now, he will throw me out and..."

"Brian, Justin doesn't need to know any of this. Hell, we can barely remember if it happened. I won't say a word. I would never try to come between you and Justin. I am so sorry!" Kate laid her head on the table, placing her hands on the back of her neck.

"Kate, I don't lie to Justin. I can't. He can always see through me and I can't live a lie with him."

"Brian, you did nothing wrong. I was the one that dropped to my knees like a drunk school girl. You didn't do anything. Tell him I tried to kiss you in my drunken stupor. It's true. You did nothing else."

"Got any more of this?" He held up his mug. Kate refilled the cup and poured the remainder of the coffee in her own mug. 

"I am sorry. I..."

"Kate, we were both drunk. You're right, I didn't do anything and neither did you. I did kiss you and Justin will be cool with a drunken kiss." Brian drained the cup. "I better call him. I'll let him know where I am. That is just something else he can get mad about."

"Don't you remember, I texted him last night."

"I think I remember that, but it is time to call him anyway." Brian called Justin but got Gus instead.

"Hi Daddy. Where are you? Molly is keeping some porridge for you."

"I am at Kate and Fiona's house. I will be coming home very soon. Is your Daddy there?" Brian could hear voices in the background and then footsteps.

"How's the hangover?" Justin asked.

"Bad. I'm sorry I didn't make it back. I wasn't fit to drive and neither was Kate so she let me crash on her sofa. Fi was with her grandparents."

"So are you coming home soon?"

"I am about to leave. Justin, can we... I love you. I'll see you soon."

"I'll be in the studio, working."

"Justin, we need to talk. I need you."

"Gotta go. Molly has your breakfast waiting."

"FUCK!" Brian moved his hand back ready to throw his phone but stopped himself. "I'm out of here." He saw Kate's face crumble and he stopped and hugged her. "We're good, Kate. Nothing happened except a simple drunken kiss." And with that, Brian, put on his coat and went out the door and started jogging down the road.

 

Brian arrived at the house, but before he could go find Justin, Liam stopped him. "Grandma wants you to come to the kitchen for breakfast. She says if it sits there another ten minutes it will not be edible."

"I'm really not..."

"Don't make me tell her you aren't coming, sir."

Brian had to smile at the young man, "Alright, I guess it will wait a little longer."

He entered the house and tossed his coat on a hook by the door. "Good morning, young lady." Brian kissed Molly's cheek. "I hear you have my breakfast waiting."

"I hope the night was worth how you feel this morning."

"Where are the kids?" Brian asked as Molly set a bowl of food in front of him.

"They are upstairs with the lasses." Molly poured herself a cup of tea and sat next to him. "Tell me your troubles, Brian."

"Molly, do you know how I can get him back? What should I say or do to get him to love me again?"

"Oh, you foolish man. If he didn't love you so much, this wouldn't be a problem. I know he is a man wise beyond his years, but it is easy to forget his age. I think there are times he has to let his heart, soul, and mind figure out what is next. When you are too close his heart takes over and his soul and mind lose focus."

"But I'm losing my mind without him." Brian ate several more bites of his oatmeal, trying to distract himself so the tears didn't start.  

"Go talk to the boy, the man, you love."  Brian hugged the older woman tightly for a full minute and then turned and walked out the door.

As he moved toward the studio, he had a flash of Kate kneeling in front of him and he sighed. Forgive me, sweetheart, but right now we can't deal with that, too. He hated keeping anything from Justin but Kate was right. He really hadn't done anything but get too drunk.

Brian entered the small cottage and moved up the stairs. "Hey, Gus..." Justin looked over his shoulder and stopped mid sentence. "I thought... glad you made it home safe."

Taking a chance, Brian walked over to him and putting a hand on the back of Justin's neck he lowered his lips to Justin's. Justin touched Brian's cheek and parted his lips granting Brian access. When their tongues met the bolt of electricity was so strong they both actually took a step backward.

After a heartbeat Brian softly said, "I have missed you so much, but I think I understand why we have needed some time apart. A very wise woman explained it to me."

"Kate?"

"Molly. She reminded me that we process things differently. She said you still love me." Brian looked him in the eyes.

"Oh, Brian, you can't doubt that," Justin stepped back to Brian who took him in his arms, "but I am not ready to just ..."

"I can't say I understand everything you are thinking, but I know it is important to you. Please, tell me you know I love our kids. I would give my life for all of them. Aaron is no longer a toddler.  He has become a boy while we have been here and if Jessi got any sweeter... I will always be here for all of you."

With a hand on both of Brian's cheeks, Justin kissed him lightly, "I do know that. Cain was vile but he did get me thinking. We could have something similar with Aaron some day. Our father could..."

Brian interrupted. "The only fathers Aaron has are you and me, and he will never have any further contact with him."

Justin stepped backward out of Brian's reach. "And there is your double standard again. Brian, please go to the kids. I promise once Mom gets here, I will have these paintings done. They will need that much time to dry before we leave for home. When we get home we are going to have to talk to our lawyer and..."

"Lawyer!  But you just said you love me!"

"Not a divorce lawyer, Brian, but we do need to put into writing what would happen to the kids if one or both of us died. I need to see it written somewhere how the estate would be divided." Justin gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Now, I really want to finish this piece," Justin turned and did not look back as Brian descended the stairs and walked back to the house.

Justin made it to the table for supper that evening, and after putting the kids to bed, he went to their shared bedroom with Brian. "I'm going to take a shower and then go back to the studio. I am getting so close to finishing and they need to dry for several days before they can be boxed for shipment home."

Brian slipped his arms around him from behind, "May I join you in the shower?"

"If you tell me about your night while you wash my back." Justin pulled off his shirt. "And don't expect too much."

"You are in control, my love."

 

As they stood under the hot water and Brian ran a bar of soap down Justin's back he started talking. "I talked to Kate's dad for a while as we drank a couple pints of Gunness, but then he had to leave and he texted Kate, who appeared. And we continued to drink." Brian kissed the spot where Justin's graceful neck met his strong shoulder.

"I never thought Kate was a heavy drinker." Justin tilted his head away from Brian's exposing more area for Brian to kiss.

After some careful tending to that stretch of neck, Brian continued, "Her husband asked for a divorce. I don't think she loves him anymore, but it is still a life altering event and he is Fi's dad."

Justin turned. "Of course! That would be heartbreaking. So when did you leave the pub?"

"When they made us, we walked the short distance to her house. We were both so drunk. We had a sloppy kiss before I passed out on the sofa and she stumbled up to bed." He turned Justin to face away from him again and mumbled something about not being done with the view. He hadn't lied, but had he been honest?

As they dried off a few kisses and caresses were shared, but soon Brian lay in the bed by himself and Justin was back out at the studio. He pictured Justin's body in his mind. He had lost some weight but Molly was making sure he ate something. She had a knack for sending out homemade finger food that he would take time to grab a bite of as he worked. Brian knew he hadn't been eating well either, but he had packed on a few pounds with Molly's cooking so it was a good thing trimming down a bit. His hand went down to his cock but he knew that would do nothing for the need he had. He would give one night in Justin's arms for 1000 blow jobs. He laid awake for an hour or so but he eventually fell asleep and dreamt of the night outside under the stars. That was the last time they had a night of pure love.

 

It was 24 hours before anyone saw Justin, but rather than being exhausted when he came back to the house, he was on a high. He spent the afternoon rolling around with the kids on the floor, playing with the kittens and watching movies, but his lack of sleep caught up with him at the dinner table. After eating a full meal his head started drooping before the kids were done eating dessert. 

"Daddy, wake up." Jessi reached a whipped cream covered hand over and touched Justin's sleeve.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I..."

"Daddy, take Daddy J to bed," Gus said innocently.

Brian glanced at Rachel and Sonya, Rachel responded, "Take him up. We will take care of the kids and clean up the kitchen.

"Thank you, ladies." Brian gave them a genuine smile. "Not sure what we would have done without you this trip." He walked over and pulled Justin's chair out. "Come on, Love. You need to sleep." 

Justin leaned into Brian as Brian's arm supported him as they walked up the steps. Brian helped him undress and get into bed. Sitting on the edge of the bed he kissed him and then stood, but Justin caught his hand. "Stay."

Brian took off his pants and shirt and laid down on the bed, making sure Justin was covered as well as himself. Justin appeared to be asleep but in the still coherent part of his mind, he moved until he was spooning with Brian. Brian draped his arm over his waist and tightened it. "Missed you, Brian."

Brian couldn't respond. His throat had closed and as he placed his hand over Justin's heart, tears rolled down his cheeks. They weren't back to normal, but they had come so far. For the first time in a couple weeks he fell into a deep, restful sleep.

 

The next morning, Justin felt soft hair brush his cheek. "Brian, what are you doing?" He heard a giggle and opened his eyes. Jessi, Aaron, and Gus stood at the end of the bed and Kevin, the kitten, was now licking Justin's cheek while Jenn decided to lay across Brian's face.

"Sure, I get blamed for the kitten and if I don't kiss any better than that..." Brian took Jenn into his hand and tucked her into the crook of his arm as he repositioned himself and smiled at the three monkeys now climbing onto the bed, Gus making sure the little ones got on the bed before jumping on himself. They spent the next half hour playing with the kittens and just loving each other.

"Daddy, love you." Jessi threw herself onto Brian's chest, almost knocking the wind out of him. He grunted and she giggled, "Sorrry." Brian pinned her to the mattress and tickled her as she laughed for a moment.

"I hate to interrupt this joyful moment but Molly says if you don't get down there for breakfast soon, she is throwing it all out," Sonya said from the door.

"We'll be there in ten minutes," Justin said as he rolled out of bed. Brian and Justin both pulled on their own clothes and then Justin took Jessi and Brian took the boys, and ten minutes later they were walking down the steps. 

Molly tried to look irritated but there was a small smile on her lips. As Justin got the kids in their chairs, Brian went to get them each a cup of coffee. He kissed her cheek and whispered, "Thank you," was all he said. 

As he poured the coffee she said, "Someone had to set you straight. Now sit so I can feed you."

As they ate, everyone was talking about grandma coming. "Today, everyone is going to clean up their rooms. Make sure all your toys are put where they belong and When Molly brings up your clothes, they need to be put in the drawers." Justin looked at Gus, "Can you help your brother put away his clothes?"

"Sure, Daddy J. His clothes are little. It won't be hard. Do you want me to help with Jessi's, too?"

Brian smiled at Gus, "I think we can help her put her stuff away. You help us a lot already." 

Once all the chores were done, Brian and Justin bundled the kids up and loaded them into the van. With a basket of snacks, they went to the Cliffs of Moher. It was a sunny day and as hyped as the kids were about Jenn coming they needed to run off some of their excess energy. Although it was cool, the sun was bright and there was no wind. They explored some of the rocks and a couple caves that were easy to access. They ate the snacks that Molly had sent along and the sun was getting low in the sky when they all got back into the van and went back to the house.

 

Brian and Justin left for the Limerick airport at sunrise. They decided it would be best to leave the kids at home. It would give them a chance to talk and let the kids have a normal day. It was the last day Gus would have school classes with Sonya. They would be taking a two week break before heading back to the U.S. and Gus would start regular school after Christmas break. 

As Brian and Justin moved down the nearly empty roads they sipped coffee in silence for several kilometers. As Brian finished his coffee and set it down, Justin asked, "Did you want some of the breakfast Molly sent?"

"No, I'm not hungry yet. Justin, I don't want to fight but I think we need to talk. I really hate what's going on between us. What do I need to do to fix this?"

"There is nothing you can do to fix this. You can't change who you are and who you are related to."

"But I did something to start this. I know I did. I just didn't understand how it would affect you at the time."

"Are you saying I am over-dramatic?" Justin retorted.

"No, Justin. That isn't what I was insinuating. You always think deeper than I do. I just know I love my kids. You think about how something affecting Gus will affect Aaron and Jess."

"We have to do that. Our family is complicated."

"I do understand what you are thinking now. Gus just understood what was going on. He needed to be involved."

"Did he, Brian? Did he really need to meet the man who killed his great great grandparents?"

"That is a moot point. What can we do now to make it alright?"

"I don't know, Brian. I just don't know! Aaron could receive money from my dad, although he doesn't have much."

"Quinn said Cain probably didn't have any money either."

"Brian, I just don't want to think any of them should be treated differently than any of the others."

"None of them are going to have to worry about money, but do you really think they will feel any different?"

"I don't know. I just don't know." Justin stared out the window.

Brian reached over and touched his shoulder. "I don't want us to end up in an argument. Please, can we keep the truce. I want to talk about this but it can wait. I promise we will work this out once we are home."

"I'm sorry I can't just shake this off and go on. I just can't."

"I understand. And I promise we will work this out. Do I ever break my promises?"

"No, Brian, you always try to keep your promise." Justin looked over at his husband, "I love you."

"I know you do and I love you. I will always love you."

With that, Justin's phone sounded and he looked at it. "Mom's plane just landed!" He sounded like a little boy with the excitement in his voice.

"Let her know we are fifteen minutes out. That should time out perfectly." Brian reached over and squeezed Justin's hand. "It will be good to have Jenn here."

 

Chapter 12 by Simply written

 

"Oh, Justin! You are so skinny! I thought you had a cook here. Are the kids eating well?" Jenn hugged her son tightly and then moved onto Brian. "You haven't put on weight here either." She hugged him.

"Jenn, you can berate us all the way to the house, but right now we better get moving or the garda will arrest us." He kissed her cheek and grabbed her bags, putting them in the back of the van. "Justin, why don't you sit with your mom in the back. It will be easier for you to catch up that way." Brian kissed both of them on the cheek and walked to the driver's side and got in while Justin opened the door for his mom and he followed her into the van.

As Brian drove them back to the estate, Jenn asked about the kids and then Justin started explaining the meeting with Cain. He told her Cain had rejected the other kids and how he had threatened him. "What did you do?" Jenn asked.

"I asked him not to do anything," Brian responded from the front. "I hated it but Cain is a dangerous man and he won't be alive much longer."

"Brian, he was threatening Justin!"

"Mom, in Brian's defense, Kevin really wanted to make this connection and I understand that. I knew he wouldn't hurt me but it involved the kids."

Brian started to open his mouth but Jenn said, "Brian would never let anything happen to the kids. You know that, don't you?"

"Mom, their... Never mind. We can talk about this later. We are almost home. The kids are so excited you are here and that we are going to Galway to do some extensive shopping and other fun activities with the kids."

"As long as I am here with you both and the kids, I am sure I will have a wonderful time and this country, this landscape is gorgeous. I can see why you love it here."

"It is really beautiful here. We have talked about finding a house here. The kids love it here and I find new art projects everywhere."

"Wait until you see the last set he did," Brian said from the front seat.

"Well, she is going to have to wait. They are being packed for shipping right now." Justin hugged his mom. "We are almost there. I need to text Rachel." Justin quickly told Rachel they would be home in five minutes. He knew the kids had something planned for ‘Grandma'.

As Brian turned into the drive, he stopped for a minute. "We will go over there sometime this week but look at that view." He pointed toward the Cliffs of Moher. "This place does have a magic feel to it."

"Oh, I can't wait to see the view over the ocean." Jenn looked between Brian and Justin. Justin had told her there were a few problems going on, but as she suspected, this went deeper than he admitted. She knew her son and son-in-law. She would figure out what was going on one way or another and hopefully before they traveled back to Pittsburgh. 

By the time they reached the house, Liam met them. "I'll get her bags," he said to Brian. "You have to see what the kids have planned."

Brian smiled and patted the young man's shoulder as he followed Jenn and Justin through the front door. The three kids were on the front steps, but as Gus started a planned speech he couldn't stop his excited little sister who ran full speed into Jenn's arms and as soon as Aaron saw her run, he followed. "Grandma!" Both of them called as Jenn bent down and wrapped her arms around them. 

Gus put his hand on his hips and shook his head and after Jessi and Aaron had gotten hugs and several kisses, Gus walked over to his grandmother, "We had it all planned out. They were supposed to wait."

Jenn encased him in her arms and softly said, "I am sure it was great but I am kind of glad they didn't wait. I needed all these hugs. I have missed you all so much."

Gus smiled and kissed her cheek. "I love you, Grandma, and I missed you, too." 

There were more introductions. She met the kitten named for her and Kevin, as well as Molly and Liam. Molly insisted they sit down for lunch right away. She had shepherd's pie, along with bread and fresh cheese, along with big mugs of tea for the adults and the kids had milk with a splash of tea so they felt like the grown ups. They finished with the kids' favorite dessert, apple cake. When the kids had finished eating Brian and Justin brought them up for naps while Jenn stayed in the kitchen.

"That family of yours are special," Molly said as she cleared the table. "And the girls, Sonya and Rachel are special, too. They left this morning to spend the next two weeks in England. They are supposed to be here just before all of you fly back but they plan to spend another couple months traveling." Jenn carried more of the dirty plates to the sink. "Now you should be relaxing."

"Oh, Molly, I think I am best off to keep moving if I can. If I can stay awake until the kids go to bed tonight, I might be able to beat jet lag." Jenn started filling the sink with warm water while Molly put away the extra food. "Molly, I can tell you don't miss a thing. Do you know what is going on with Brian and..." Jenn stopped when she heard footfalls on the steps.

Molly smiled at her, "Later, if you don't find out." She winked and continued cleaning up. 

 

Justin took Jenn out to his studio. His paintings were gone but he had a portfolio of polaroids to show her. Brian decided it was best to give them some time alone. He knew Jenn was not a woman who jumped to conclusions. He moved to the den to verify everything was ready for the trip next week.

Justin apologized to his mother. "I know this sofa is a mess but it is really comfortable. I've even slept on it a few..." he stopped waiting for Jenn's response.

"Considering all the work you have done while you were here, I can imagine you just crashed out here now and then." Now it was Jenn's time to wait for Justin to comment.

"You know I usually hate to sleep without Brian."

"So are you going to fill me in? Is all of this over Kevin's uncle's visit?"

"I know I overreacted a little but I did it for my kids. All of the sudden Gus was the only one that counted. The Cain bloodline was all that was important. That pissed me off and then I started thinking about Aaron and realized we could have issues with Dad sometime, too. And poor Jessi doesn't have any other family."

"I don't think any of your children will suffer." Jenn felt Justin stiffen. "Honey, I am not trying to minimize any of this. I just know you and Brian have security for these kids. So have the two of you come to a conclusion?"

"We are going to see a lawyer as soon as we get home. Once it is in place I'll feel better."

"Justin, I can tell you are disconnected. You and Brian just don't function as well alone. Both of you have a muted spirit. Is it going to be this way until after you get home?"

"I don't know, Mom. The last couple days we have been talking but..."

"Are you still sleeping separately?"

"We have been sleeping together." Justin looked at his mom, "No, we haven't had sex for more than a couple weeks."

"I'm your mother. I just worry about you."

"Mom... never mind. I do miss feeling him..."

"Ok, I don't want details. Has he tried to make it better?"

"He has, and I know there is nothing we can do about a solution here."

"Honey, try to let it go for now. You know you love him."

Justin reached over and hugged his mom. She hugged him tightly. "I'll try, Mom."

"I want you to plan something special with Brian on one of the nights we are in Galway. I will watch the kids."

"That's a great idea. I wasn't sure how to make our truce official. Thanks, Mom. I love you."

"I love you, too, Justin."

 

The rest of the week was full of snuggles and laughter. Brian and Justin had been keeping their contact to a smile here and a touch there. At night they shared their bed but shared no more than a kiss goodnight before shutting off the light. Justin could see the strain growing on Brian's face, but as he had promised, he was letting Justin take the lead as to when he would be ready.

The hour and a half drive to Galway went quickly. They left after lunch, after Aaron gave Molly directions for taking care of the kittens. Jessi and Aaron were soon asleep and Jenn sat in the back with Gus, listening to him talk about his family history. He also told her all about Fiona. She had to smile at her grandson's first love. When he slowed down, Jenn gently moved him, keeping his seatbelt tied and laid his head in her lap and he, too, slept for a bit.

Once she knew he was really asleep, Jenn said softly, "How is he going to manage without his lady love when you go home?"

"I know it will be rough. Gus has never had a friend this close. Living at Britin has not helped with that, but he has never fit in with most kids his age." Brian looked in the rearview mirror to see Gus' sweet face.

"He is fine. Some kids just relate to adults better. Justin had a time of that when he was young but as he got older he found Daphne and after that, well, he found you." Jenn smiled at Brian in the mirror.

Brian drove up to the hotel at 3:07. "Check in is 3:00. I think we timed that well." Brian and Justin each took one of the little ones while Jenn took Gus' hand. A porter from the hotel collected the luggage and a valet took the van. After checking in, they went up to their rooms.

 

The adjoined rooms had space for the boys in one room while Jessi would sleep with Jenn in the ‘big' bed. 

Brian was surprised that Justin put his suitcase in the boys' room. He took Justin's elbow and led him across the hall. "Justin, where are you going to sleep? There is a huge bed in here. I won't touch you, I promise." He touched Justin's cheek with the knuckles of his hand and softly said, "I was hoping... never mind." Brian opened the door to the suite across the hall and shut the door behind him.

"Justin, I hope you aren't pushing this too far," Jenn said as they entered their rooms.

"I know, but I have everything planned for tonight. I didn't want to ruin all my hard work." Jenn nodded as she helped Jessi get out some of her toys. "You are going to play along, right?"

"Yes, I will go over to his room and tell him I insist that you two stop acting childish and spend the night talking it through."

"Thanks, Mom. I have everything else set up." He kissed her cheek and pushed her toward the door. "Oh, and could you make sure my suitcase, well at least my bag, gets brought over to the other suite."

"I'll be back after ordering Brian to go out to dinner with you." With that Jenn crossed the hall and knocked on Brian's door. 

Brian opened the door with a glass of amber liquor in his hand. "Jenn, I'm really not in the mood to talk. Can I get you a drink?" He raised the glass of bourbon.

"No, I'll take yours." Jenn took the glass and downed the shot. "You are not going to sit here and pity yourself into a stupor. You and Justin are going out to dinner and you are not coming back to these children until you can maintain a normal, civil life together. Be ready at 6:30 and dress nicely." With that she turned and walked out the door. 

Jenn tapped on the door and Gus let her into the room. Justin looked at her, "Well?"

"I should get an Academy Award for that performance." She looked over to Aaron and asked, "What shall we order in for dinner tonight?"

Justin went into the quiet room and called Brian across the hall. "Ya?"

"Sorry my mom is doing this. If you don't want to go out with me, I can just go out."

"Justin, if you are willing, I would love to have dinner with you." Brian's voice was soft and a little sad.

Justin almost melted right there, and he thought about going over to Brian right then. But then he thought about all the plans he had made and he started getting ready.

 

When Justin stepped out into the hall he found Brian looking out the window at the end of the hall. Justin smiled. They were both wearing the suits they had made while they were here. When the door closed automatically behind Justin, Brian turned around and a soft smile came to his lips.

"I guess we still think alike on some things." Brian brushed a piece of hair off of Justin's forehead. "You are breathtaking."

"You aren't half bad yourself." Justin smiled and continued, "Since Mom insisted, I got us reservations at a place nearby but they couldn't take us until 7:30."

"So do you want to just hang out here for an hour?"

"I could use a walk. If you're up to it there is a park we can explore."

"As long as I can spend time with you, I'm in." 

They took the elevator down to the ground floor and Justin slipped his hand into the crook of Brian's arm. "I don't want to get separated," Justin said casually as people moved around them.  

"So where's this park you mentioned?"

"Eyre Square. It is just over here. Someone at the desk said it had artwork and other interesting nooks and crannies. They told me it is beautiful and it is handy." 

Soon they had crossed the street and Justin's hand slipped from Brian's elbow down to his hand. Brian started to pull his hand away but it felt so right he couldn't do it.

They strode hand in hand through the nearly empty park. The temperature was dipping near freezing but neither Brian or Justin noticed. About the only thing they did notice was the heat building in their hands. "Ready to head to the restaurant?"

"You really are in a hurry to get this evening over, aren't you? What can I do, Justin? I know I screwed up but I can't make that right until we get back to the states. I miss you so..."

"We need to move or we'll be late." Justin felt badly for making him go through this now but it would all be worth it, he hoped.

It was a silent walk. It was chillier down by the harbor and both of them were glad when they saw the sign Ruibin as they turned the corner. Justin stopped and fumbled for his phone. "Message coming in," he lied. He pressed the send button on a message he had pre-programmed, letting the maitre d' they were nearing the restaurant. "The kids wanted Mom to say hi. I said ‘hi' back."

"Justin..." Brian started but Justin cut him off.

"We can talk once we are seated." Justin was jumpy now.

"No! Justin, are you leaving me? Have you decided we are finished?" The words hung in the air as they walked into the building and the strains of a song filled the air. The maitre d' handed Justin a microphone and a member of the wait staff led Brian to a table as Justin began to sing. 

♫I may not always love you

But long as there are stars above you

You never need to doubt it

I'll make you so sure about it

 

God only knows what I'd be without you

If you should ever leave me

Though life would still go on believe me

The world could show nothing to me

So what good would living do me♫

 

Justin handed the mic to the singer of the band and walked to Brian. He extended his hand to Brian as the singer continued the song. Brian looked at Justin's face. "I'm sorry I put you through this today. I already had this planned and..."

 

Brian took Justin's mouth and when he moved his mouth to Justin's ear he whispered, "I was so scared I was losing you. I have missed you so much." This time Justin claimed Brian's mouth and as the song went on and on, Brian lifted Justin off the floor as they kissed and spun slowly in the middle of the space.

 

♫God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows what I'd be without you

If you should ever leave me

Well life would still go on believe me

The world could show nothing to me

So what good would living do me

 

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows

 

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows

 

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows

God only knows what I'd be without you

 

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows

 

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows

 

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows

 

God only knows what I'd be without you♫

 

The dinner was amazing. It was as if they hadn't seen each other in months. They talked and laughed. They touched and kissed. They shared their meals and split a dessert. And then Justin asked their server to have the maitre d' call them a cab.

 

In the elevator Brian pinned Justin against the wall as he began to stroke Justin through his trousers.

"Don't, please," Justin mumbled. "I don't think I can hold on." As the door opened Justin ran down the hall with Brian right behind him. As Justin got to the door he realized he didn't have a way in. Brian pressed him against the door as he fumbled in his pocket to get the key card.  Brian's other hand was on the back of Justin's neck as he crushed his mouth with his own. 

Soon Brian found what he was looking for and slipped it in the slot on the door. They nearly fell as it swung open. Justin took a step away from Brian and put up a hand. "One minute, please. I don't want to rush this." Justin pulled out his phone and turned on a playlist. The room filled with soft music and, setting the phone down, he walked over to Brian. He moved behind him and, reaching up, he slipped Brian's jacket off his shoulders. He laid it over the chair and then walked around to the front of Brian and unbuttoned the first three buttons of his shirt. Brian pulled him close and kissed him but Justin slipped out, and as he took off his own jacket, Brian undid the cuffs of his shirt and then pulled it off over his head. 

Now it was Brian's turn. He closed the distance between himself and Justin. He began at the neck of Justin's shirt and after unbuttoning each one he lingered, kissing the heated skin beneath. Brian began to focus on one nipple, and before he could go to the second one, Justin started clawing at his own shirt. Brian helped him pull it off and as he did so, Justin was grabbing at Brian's fly.

"Now look who is rushing." Brian pushed Justin into a sitting position on the bed and he slowly opened Justin's fly. He started at Justin's navel and slowly drug his tongue along Justin's treasure trail. He gently pushed him backward and with a little tug Justin's pants were free to slip down his legs. Brian kissed Justin just above his pubic hair and then removed first one shoe and then the other, followed by the socks and then the pants came off.  

"You aren't wearing briefs." Brian stated before claiming all Justin had to offer. He had no control; he dragged his teeth along Justin's shaft and when he got to the head his tongue tormented him until he could hold back no longer. Justin cried out as he fed Brian what he needed so badly.

Brian stood and began to undo his fly but Justin moved quickly and batted his hands out of the way. He finished unzipping the fly and pulled down Brian's trousers. And then Justin started laughing. On the front of Brian's briefs were the words ‘You have My HEART!'

"I was hoping beyond hope that this would happen tonight." Brian stepped out of his pants and turned his ass to Justin. On the back it said, ‘And my ASS!'

Justin stood and folded the blankets back while Brian dropped his underwear. Brian moved back in and soon Justin was lying on his back while Brian lowered his mouth to Justin's again. Justin moved his leg, making it obvious he was ready for Brian. 

Brian propped one of Justin's legs on his shoulder and then as he came down for a kiss he entered him. Brian felt Justin's whole body tense. It had been a few weeks and it took Justin a couple moments to adjust, but soon Brian moved and Justin reached to meet him. And soon both of them orgasmed and tumbled down from ecstasy together.

Brian moved, keeping his legs entwined with Justin's and dropped his head on Justin's chest he felt Justin's arms tighten around him. Brian's eyes filled and spilled out onto Justin's chest. Feeling the tears Justin tightened his arms, "What's wrong, Bri?" He kissed Brian's soft hair.

"I'm so sorry. Please, don't shut me out again. Yell at me. Tell me what I did wrong but don't close down on me. My heart just can't deal with it." His voice was soft and wavering. "That song tonight... I wouldn't want to live without you. I would be nothing without you. I would be nothing."

Justin stroked his cheek, feeling his pain. "I'm sorry, too. I just couldn't wrap my head around what was happening. I am still worried about the kids and their heritage, but I know there is nothing we could do here. Well, nothing more than we did by calling our lawyer." He continued to stroke Brian's back and then he let his hand move lower and lower until his fingers played along the valley in Brian's ass and then his finger began to stroke Brian's bud. When he sank the first finger in he immediately began to stroke Brian's prostate and soon Brian was writhing in his need for more. 

Justin encouraged Brian to roll over and as he pressed into Brian he said, "You did say this ass is mine!"

 

After they made love, Brian and Justin sat in the bath facing each other. The bathroom was roomy but the tub was smaller than theirs at home. They sat facing each other and found it was most comfortable when Justin wrapped his legs around Brian's waist. They talked about the kids. They talked about Britin and their return home. And they talked about their life together.

Justin leaned forward and kissed Brian. "Damn I missed you. I'm not talking about just the sex, although I have felt so empty and alone for days. I missed YOU. Every night we lay in bed and catch up with each other. I feel like I missed out on two weeks of our lives."

Brian pulled him even closer and their cocks began a dance of their own. Brian's lips caressed Justin's mouth but then let it deepen. They were both breathless when their mouths separated. "I missed you, too, but if I have to find something positive, the artwork you did is fantastic. It might be your best work yet."

Justin rested against Brian's chest as Brian leaned against the back of the tub. "Brian, I don't want you to worry, but a couple of those paintings, I don't remember painting at all." Justin slipped his arms around Brian's neck and kissed him. "When I saw them later, I did some touch ups but I was astonished at the look of them. It isn't even my normal style."

Brian shifted slightly, his legs falling asleep, "You haven't had any other memory issues lately have you?" 

Justin stood, stepped out of the tub, and then offered Brian his hand. "I have not had any other moments like that." He started drying Brian off.

"I have watched you paint. It doesn't surprise me." Brian picked up a towel and started drying Justin. He flipped it behind him and pulled him close. "Just promise if you do have any issues, you tell me."

"I will, Bri. And now we need to get some sleep. Tomorrow, we are going to shop!"

They got into bed and they spooned loosely. "I love you, Bri. I should always know I can trust you"

"Love you, too." As they drifted off, Brian felt like the luckiest man in the world, but somewhere in the back of his mind he felt just a little guilty about the night with Kate. "Justin, I have something to tell you."  

Justin mumbled something unintelligible and then said, "What, Love?"

"Never mind. It will wait until tomorrow." Brian pulled the blanket around them and they slept peacefully.

 

It was about 7:30 when there was a knock on the bedroom door. "Daddiiieees. You awake?"

Justin got up and grabbed a robe as he walked to the door. He opened it and Aaron walked in. Jenn was standing at the door across the hall and smiled at her son as Aaron ran into the room.  She shut the door and Justin did the same. He turned to see Brian helping Aaron up onto the bed and he strode across the suite, getting back in bed with them.

"Daddies, have fun?"

"We did, Aaron." Brian hugged the boy close. "Did you have fun with Grandma?"

"We got pizza!"

"What kind?" Justin asked as he moved close to Aaron and Brian.

"We got pepp...pepper...pepperchoni."

"Yum!" Justin smiled and kissed his cheek. Aaron was never a big talker. Jessi, although she didn't always make sense, talked a lot more, so hearing him start the conversation made both of them smile. 

The room phone rang and Brian picked it up, "Hello?"

"Did you enjoy your evening?" Jenn's voice came across the line.

"It was perfect. Thanks for watching the kids."

"We had a great time. You know how much I have missed them." Jenn said with Jessi chattering to Gus in the background. "Did Aaron tell you I ordered breakfast?"

"No, but I know you had pizza last night."

"Yes we did. I ordered breakfast to be delivered to your suite. It should be there in about fifteen minutes. We will come and join you then." Jenn responded and then hung up.

"Breakfast?" Justin asked Brian.

"Oh, forgot. Eggs coming here soon." Aaron smiled proudly.

"I'll wash up first." Justin said, moving toward the bathroom.

An hour later the whole family sat around the small table in the suite nibbling on the last bites of the meal. "You are happy, Dads," Gus commented. "You have both been sad. Now you're smiling. I'm glad. It's about time."

 

A half hour later the family was on the way out of the hotel for a day of shopping. They walked from shop to shop and picked up souvenirs. As it neared lunch, they found a little pub where they immediately felt comfortable. They welcomed the kids and found a table and nearly everyone stopped by and talked to them. After ordering, Brian said he would be right back.

"Dad, can I come with you?" Gus asked.

"Why not," Brian said and they walked back out onto the street.  

"Where are we going, Dad?"

"I thought your grandma deserved a nice little gift to thank her for coming to visit."

"What are we getting her?"

Brian stopped by a jewelry store window. "What do you think of this?" Brian pointed at a necklace and earrings.  

"It's a tree."

"It is. It is a Celtic tree of life."

"What are those green stones?"

"Those are emeralds. Do you think your grandma will like them?" Brian pointed out what he wanted and the clerk started wrapping it.

"She will love them! Can I give her the box?"

"Sure you can."

"Dad, did you and Daddy J make up?"

"We did, Gus."

"I know you always love each other but I knew there was something wrong. It was my fault." 

Brian paid for the gift and handed the box to Gus. "Gus, none of this was your fault."

"But it was. It had to do with Uncle Cain. I don't know why but I know it was because I'm a Cain."

"Gus, it was because Justin and I didn't talk things out. Remember, it is always best to talk to us before it becomes a big deal."

"Ok, Dad. I will."

 

"Where is Brian off to?" Jenn asked Justin.

"I have no idea."

Jenn looked around and then leaned toward Justin, "You two are alright again?"

He kissed his mom's cheek, "We are good, Mom. I love him so much. And every time we have this kind of ‘thing' we come back stronger."

"I know you do. You two are much better partners than most people I know."

Brian and Gus reentered the pub just as the servers were bringing their plates. Gus looked up at his dad and Brian nodded. "Grandma, we got something for you. It is from all of us because we love you." Gus handed her the small box. "You can open it." 

Jenn kissed his cheek and untied the ribbon on the small box. She then slowly opened the hinged lid and took in a breath. "Oh, these are beautiful," Jenn said softly. The small box was lined with crimson satin and nestled in it was the round gold pendant with a tree in the center of it and there were small emeralds in each leaf. To go with it was a pair of earrings.

"Grandma, I think it is a family tree because we are all family." Gus smiled.  

"I'm hungry!" Aaron said.

"Well, I bet your colcannon is cool enough to eat now." Justin said as Aaron took a big bite.

"Daddy, do you think Ronni can make this?"

"I am sure she can learn," Jenn said. "Brian, this is stunning." She nodded at the box as she began eating her food.

"Dad didn't say it but I think he bought it because you are part of our family tree."

"You're right, Gus. If it wasn't for your grandma we wouldn't have Daddy J. She is the reason we are a family."

"And I couldn't want more in any family."

 

The rest of the meal was filled with chatter and  happiness. Both Jessi and Aaron were getting tired when they finished up the meal. Brian smiled at Justin. "I'm going to take these two back to the hotel for a nap. The three of you can shop and if you are still out and about when they wake up we'll meet you somewhere."

Brian put Jessi and Aaron in the stroller and after hugging Gus and kissing Justin until his knees went weak before he left the pub with the stroller, and Jenn, Justin, and Gus moved down the street in the opposite direction. 

When the kids woke from their nap, Brian texted Justin and Justin said they were on their way back to the hotel. They had an early dinner and after some play time and a movie, the kids were all ready to sleep and Jenn sent Justin and Brian across the hall to their room.

"I love our life," Justin said lying next to Brian. "Why did you buy that jewelry for my mom? I mean you are always generous, but why that and not a Claddagh or a Celtic cross?"

"Justin, this whole trip was about family. I wanted to show you and Jenn that we are all part of the family tree. We should both know by now that the family you can count on is the family we create ourselves."

"You are so right." Justin lay on his back and tugged Brian onto him. "Love me."

"Always." Brian rolled onto him and then into him. "I'll always love you."

 

Chapter 13 by Simply written

 

After the wonderful trip to Galway, the sad job of saying goodbye was ahead of them. Molly teared up and snuggled the kids every time they came within arms reach. Gus spent as much time as he could with his best friend Fiona, and when he was at the house, he moped around. Sonya and Rachel were spending a couple of days with them before they headed off for a month in Italy and Spain. They spent most of their time with Jessi and Aaron, giving Brian and Justin time to get packed and ready to move back to the States.

 

Jenn sat out on the screen porch with Justin and Brian. They were sipping Irish coffee Molly put together for them, knowing Gus was at Kate's for the last time and the other two were sound asleep upstairs. "I can now see this place is everything you told me it was. I've only been here a few days and I don't want to leave." Jenn took a sip of the hot liquid.

"I will miss it here but it is time to get back. Talking to James and Em this week made me miss Britin." Justin commented as he snuggled against Brian.

"And you have some hiring to do?" Jenn asked.

Justin replied, "Yes. We talked to Charly and Connor this week, too, and they had too good an opportunity to stay. They are on their way to New Mexico where Connor inherited a martial arts studio from a former trainer and Charly already has a job with a caterer who is hoping to retire, so, if all goes well, she will take over the business over the next couple of years." Justin continued, "Not to mention Henry and J.Jay are not going to be coming back any time soon. J.Jay is still working for me but I will need someone here to do some physical things for me. I may just hire part time. There is no huge rush with that one."

"Ya, I have a temp company sending someone to help Ronni in the kitchen so she can focus on the kids, but that isn't permanent. She doesn't want to work full time anymore. She wants to travel with Dante, and not that they have said anything, but I get the feeling something is going on with Amelia." Brian stopped for a moment and Justin continued.

"I get the same feeling. I think Em was going to say more but he stopped when James joined the call."

Brian pulled Justin close and kissed Justin's head. "Hopefully it is just Em's nervous father vibe coming through. Some young kids have more issues than others." Brian's phone rang and Brian answered it. "Hey, Quinn, can you hold on a second?" Brian stood. "I'll take this in the house.  Quinn said he was calling to get our address at Britin." He kissed Justin and walked back into the house.

Justin patted the seat next to him and Jenn took Brian's spot, pulling a blanket around both of them. "I was so worried about you when I got here. Everything is good now, right?"

"It is. There is something he says he wants to tell me but everytime he starts we get interrupted.  If it was really important, he would have made time for it. It is just probably about some of the things we said or that we are going to talk to the lawyer about."  

 

"Sorry about that, Quinn. I was out on the porch with Justin and his mom. I just sent our address and a couple additional phone numbers."

"Thanks, Brian, but I called to let you know Cain died this afternoon."

"Oh, Quinn, I'm sorry."

"If I'm honest, I'm not. He was old and frail and mean."

"I can definitely understand that. Is there anything we can do for you?"

"Right now everything is still up in the air. The Garda is trying to keep it quiet, but eventually his true identity will come out, and after that I don't know what will happen. I know the next year could be real shit." Brian could hear someone talking in the background. "Brian, I have to go.  I'll call you in the morning. When do you leave?"

"Day after tomorrow. Do you want me to come over? I can stay an extra couple days if..."

"No, Brian, don't do that. I'll talk to you tomorrow." And Quinn was gone.

Brian returned to the porch and Justin smiled up to him. He saw a shadow on Brian's face.  "What is it, Bri?"

"Cain is dead."

"What? How did he..."

"We didn't get into that. He is calling back tomorrow."

"Is he alright?" Jenn asked. "Do you need to go wherever he is?"

"No. I don't think there are plans yet, but I am guessing there won't be anything public."

Justin stood and walked over to him, putting his arms around him. "I didn't like the man, but I feel sorry for Quinn, and Gus will be sad."

"Babe, stay and talk with your mom. I am going to go call Dad. He needs to know about Cain."

"I'll be in soon," Justin kissed him. "Send my love to Kevin."

"I will. When you come in, I want to tell you..."

"Brian, whatever it is, it's not important now. We should probably tell Kate, too."

"I'll give her a quick call before Dad." He kissed Justin and moved back into the house.

 

Brian decided to make the calls from their bedroom. First, he called Kate. "Brian, Gus is already in bed. I'm sure he's awake if you want me to ..."

"No, Kate, I need to talk to you."

"Brian, you aren't still worrying about our night, are you?"

"No, I do plan to still tell him but I got a call from Quinn tonight. Cain died today."

"Oh, Brian! Is this going to make things bad with you and Justin again?"

"We're solid. We are trying to prepare for our return home. We had some staff leave so the first thing we will need to do is replace them. We need security and childcare." Brian drifted off, thinking about everything that needed to be done.

"Brian, are you still there?"

"Sorry, Kate. I better go. I need to call Dad. Maybe by the time you arrive with Gus at lunch tomorrow, I will have more answers. Give my beautiful son and your lovely daughter a kiss from me, and Kate, don't tell them about Cain."

"Goodnight, Brian."

Next, he called Kevin. "Son! I am missing you and the rest of your clan. I can't wait to see you."

"Dad, are you at home or still at the center?"

"I am pulling into the drive right now. Is something wrong?"

"Dad, Quinn called a little while ago. Cain is dead." Brian heard only the sound of a key in a lock and then steps into the house. "Dad, I'm sorry. I should have been a little more delicate."

"Brian, delicate is not your thing." Brian could picture his dad turning on a burner under his tea kettle. "I knew it was coming, but well, I was hoping to see him once more. Do you have any details?"

"I don't. Quinn didn't know much himself. He is calling back tomorrow. I will get you any information I receive." He hesitated, "I wish I could be there for a cup of tea."

"I know, son. I'll be fine." The whistle on his kettle sounded. "How has Gus taken this?"

"He will find out in the morning. He is with Fiona." 

"Be gentle with the boy. I know you will but he has such a tender heart."

"Of course, Dad. I love you."

"Love you, too. I will talk to you tomorrow."

 

Justin and Jenn had continued talking but Justin was distracted. As it cooled down even more, Jenn touched Justin's cheek and said, "I think your husband may need you." She shivered, "And I need heat."

Justin stood and offered his hand to Jenn. "I have a feeling this might be harder on him than he knows or at least cause some more upheaval." 

Jenn kissed his cheek and gave him a hug. "I know you will be there for him but if you ever need anything, an extra pair of hands, a shoulder..."

"I know, Mom. I love you for it." They hugged for another moment and then they went to their separate rooms. 

 

Justin found Brian standing in a steaming shower. He undressed silently and stepped in. He picked up the bar of soap. Brian jumped when he felt the soap slide across his back. Justin kissed his shoulder blade. "How's Kevin?"

"He's alright. I know he had hoped to come back after the first of the year. He wanted to see him once more."

Justin reached around Brian's waist and moved the soap in circular motions and then began going lower. He felt Brian respond immediately. He placed the soap in the dish and began running his hand along his shaft. The soap on his hands spread bubbles up and down it, letting his hands slide with no friction. Brian leaned against Justin, letting him support some of his weight. 

"Let's rinse off. I love acrobatics but I'm not in the mood tonight," he said as he turned into Justin's arms. He put a hand on either side of Justin's face and kissed him, feeling the warmth grow between them. "Justin, I love you. I never want to hurt you." Brian turned off the water and stepped out followed by Justin.

"Of course you won't hurt me." Justin said as he dried off. "Why would you even say that?"

"I guess I just never thought he would die while we were still here." Justin dried Brian's back and then started kissing his way down his spine. Brian then did the same for Justin and then tossing the towels over the edge of the tub, they walked, hand in hand, to the bed. They made love very deliberately. Every move was as if it was choreographed. When Justin moved a leg, Brian's moved into its place and when Brian's hand moved down his arm, Justin was stroking his chest with the other. After the fourth climax of the night they slept from exhaustion.

The next morning, after breakfast everyone said goodbye to Sonya and Rachel. Liam was taking them to the airport. They stopped by Kate's on the way through the village to say goodbye to Gus. It was not going to be an easy day for that little boy. 

"Brian, when Gus gets back are we going to tell him before lunch or wait until Fi has left?"

"Unless something comes up we will tell him, but I think it would be best if we could wait until he says goodbye to Fi, but we both know Gus may notice before that. He always seems to know if something has happened." Justin and Jenn took the kids to the Cliffs of Moher for a short time in the morning but it was soon too chilly to stay longer.  

While they were gone, Brian called Quinn. "Hi, Brian, I was about to call you."

"I hope I'm not rushing you. It was quiet so I thought I would give it a shot."

"Well, the morgue said the blood tests didn't show anything that shouldn't have been there so he died of natural causes. His body will be cremated today. There won't be a service. There would be no one to come. I spoke to Cain's solicitor. It was set up for things to happen automatically."

"Well, that's good. It shouldn't be drawn out. I know I asked this last night, but is there anything we can do for you?"

"You can give me a suggestion of where I can go on vacation. The Witness Security Program officers are telling me I need to go away for a while. It will come out that The Quinn Cain has died and reporters will be after me. They said since the person being protected is dead some of the files will be open to the public."

"You could come for an extended visit. With all the exposure you have had to surveillance I am sure I could find a job for you on the estate. You should be able to hide easily there."

"Brian, are you serious? It wouldn't be permanent, I promise, but I really could use a place to get away."

"Can you be ready to go tomorrow?" Brian questioned.

"I'll have to check with the attorney but I think I could." Quinn's voice seemed lighter somehow.

"I will call you later today. I know we had a rough start when we met but now you could help me.  We lost staff being gone so long so if you are willing to flex a bit, we can use you."

"Brian, are you serious about this?"

"I am serious. I will call you later tonight. Right now I think I hear Justin coming back."

"Talk to you later," The excitement in Quinn's tone was obvious.

"Daddy, where you?" Jessi's voice came into the room followed by the steps and then the bundle of energy.

Brian snatched her up and threw her above his head. The shriek of joy brought everyone else into the den where Brian was. After a little chatter, Brian and Justin slipped away. Brian needed to tell him about the phone call he had with Quinn.

"What did Quinn have to say?" Justin asked as he sat by the counter in the kitchen. Before Brian sat, Molly had tea in front of them.

"Cain died because he was an old man. I did something I should have asked you about first."

"What was that?"

"I invited Quinn to come back with us."

"You did what?" Justin didn't sound angry but he did sound a little perplexed.

"His lawyer has suggested he leave for a while because now that he's dead, records may become public. Having the same name he will be targeted. Please tell me you aren't upset.  He could always go down to Atlanta and..."

Justin kissed him, "I'm not angry. He is family and we are short on help right now. And this might actually help Gus."

"I hadn't thought about that but, you're right." Brian kissed Justin in return. "We still need to talk about..."

Justin cut off his words with a finger to his lips. "Brian, there is nothing you need to say. I don't know what it is about but all I care about is that we are all in a good place now."

Before Brian could say another word, they heard Kate's car pull into the drive by the house. Justin went out to greet them. Molly leaned over the counter across from Brian and said, "Is it important, this thing you seem to need to tell him?"

"I just feel like I am keeping something from him."

"Let it go, Brian," she said as the door opened and Gus and Fiona walked into the kitchen hand in hand. They both looked very subdued.

Gus and Fi went up to his room until lunch was ready while Brian, Justin, and Kate set the table for lunch. "They don't look very happy." Brian stated the obvious.

"No, there have been a few tears already," Kate stated, but both Brian and Justin felt she was going to say more. "I'm afraid I may have caused some of them. Well, maybe it wasn't just me.  Fi's father stopped by last night. The kids didn't hear much of it, thankfully, but Fi heard her dad say he would take her from me and.."

Just then Brian noticed something he reached over and touched her cheek. She winced as he brushed off a little make up. "Where is he now?"

"I don't know but I am sure he is still close. He never hit me before. I won't feel safe there now. I think we will move back in with my parents. I don't want to do that but I can't risk him coming back and Fi will see him like that."

Before he thought about it Justin said, "Come to Pittsburgh for a while. We need help with the kids. We were going to start looking for a nanny as soon as we got home. The job is yours if you are interested."

"Oh, I think that would be a little dramatic, just because my husband is going through some kind of mid-life crisis."

Brian sat silently. He thought that would be a great solution for them. The only thing that gave him a little hesitancy was because of the night they drank together. Kate knew he was in love with Justin. It had just been a drunken action when they were both hurting. Finally he said, "Quinn is already coming, we would love you to come if you want to."

"Oh, that is a big decision. I will have to think about that a bit."

Before more could be discussed, Molly interrupted, "Lunch is ready. Round up the kids and your mom, Justin."

 

Ten minutes later everyone sat around the large kitchen table. Molly joined them and she started telling stories. Soon everyone, including the kids, were laughing. Cain was brought up a couple times but no one hinted he was no longer alive. The meal was finished with sticky toffee pudding. "Now, don't get any ideas for supper tonight," Molly said jovially. "This is the last I am cooking for you. Tonight there will be leftovers." Her voice caught a bit. She stood and continued, "I am going to miss all of you." She then rushed to face away from everyone at the stove.  

Aaron wiggled his way off his chair and went over to her. He hugged her around her thighs and looked up at the older woman and said, "I love you, Molly." The woman dissolved into tears and picked up the little boy. She hugged him tight as he kissed her cheek.

This spurred Gus to hug Fiona and she broke out in tears. Then Jessi started crying because Fiona was crying. Jenn took her granddaughter in her arms and Jess calmed right down and wiped at her eyes when her grandma held her tight. And then a drop trickled down Kate's cheek, too.

It was about 4:00 when the final goodbyes were said. Kate and Brian managed to get a minute alone, "Brian, Justin's offer is tempting. Of course, I have to think about it a bit but I wanted to make sure you would be comfortable with it."

"Kate, we were both drunk. You had just had a shock. I trust you know I could never love a woman. It's nothing personal. I can only love Justin."

"I do know that, Brian. I was upset and pissed. So, if I decide moving is a good idea, you're alright with it?"

Brian hugged her, "We could use someone we can trust with our children. To make it official, I will have a contract sent to you. I will include the living arrangements and a salary. Call if you have any questions."

And with that, Kate and Fi got in their car and drove away. Justin kneeled next to Gus and Gus wrapped his arms tightly around Justin's neck. Justin stood and he gestured for Jenn and Brian to take the other kids in the house. To Brian he mouthed, "I'll tell him." Brian nodded and Justin, carrying their son, turned and walked to the studio.

 

Justin sat on the sofa wrapped up in a blanket with Gus on his lap. Neither of them said anything for a few minutes but then Gus looked up at his dad and said, "Do you think I'll ever see Fi again?"

"I do, Gus. We may come back for a visit and we told Kate that they should come to the U.S. too." He wasn't going to tell him about the job offer. That would give him too much false hope.

"Do you really think so? You think we will see each other again?"

"Of course, and you can see each other through the computer any time."

Gus kissed him. "Thanks, Daddy J. Can I ask you something else?"

"Sure, Gussy."

"You and Daddy know something I don't know. I saw you think something at lunch."

"You can see us think now?" Justin smiled and hugged him close. "I had a feeling you would know something was up. Late last night we got a call from Quinn."

"Did Uncle Cain die?"

"How did you know that, Gus?"

"I didn't until right now. I heard Aunt Kate say something to Grandma Maggie on the phone about someone dying. It just makes sense."

"Yes, it does."

"Was he scared when he died?"

"No, Gussy. He just went to sleep and didn't wake up."

"He was old. He lived a very long time. I'm sad for Quinn, but he wasn't very nice to you or Aaron and Jessi. He was family but he was a bad man."

"Yes, he was a bad man. But even after being let out of jail, he still was in a prison of sorts. He couldn't leave when he wanted. He always had to be careful."

"Will Quinn be safe?" Gus asked, sliding off of Justin's lap.

"Quinn is coming home with us. He will be just fine."

"I'm glad. Everyone needs family. Let's go into the house. I need to give Daddy a hug."

 

Gus and Justin walked back to the main house and Gus found Brian in the den. He walked over and gave him a big hug and softly said, "I'm sorry Uncle Cain died and I'm glad Quinn is coming back with us." Gus took Aaron's hand, "Let's go play in our room."

Aaron smiled up at his big brother and they walked out of the room.

"Where are Mom and Jessi?"

"Mom took her along to her room. She was going to pack and the little miss wanted to help." Brian patted the sofa next to him and Justin sat down, kissing Brian before snuggling against him. "Gus seems to have taken the news well."

"Our son is amazing. He said he was sad for Cain but that he was a bad man. He just felt sorry for Quinn and you."

"Gotta love that kid. All of our kids are so special."

"Yes, they are." Justin turned so he straddled Brian, facing him. He groaned as Justin put his arms around Brian's neck and kissed him. "You're pretty special too."

 

Molly had said she was only making leftovers for them for dinner but her leftovers were a feast. They had managed to keep both the little ones up with a nap, hoping they would be ready for bed early and ready to wake up early, too. After the children were in bed, Jenn and Molly talked for a while. Jenn wanted to make sure she knew how to make some of the amazing dishes she had made for them, while Brian and Justin called Quinn to make sure everything was a go.

"I have everything set up. My solicitor thought the States was a good place to be for a while. I've already gotten some calls about Cain and soon they will track my location."

"Well, let them try to find you if you don't want to be found. Will you be able to get to the Limerick airport by 7:00 tomorrow?"

"I'll be there." Quinn responded. "And I want to thank both of you for inviting me and offering me a job. I'm a hard worker. I'll do whatever needs to be done."

"We'll see you tomorrow, Quinn. We can talk about job options on the flight home," Justin said.

 

The next morning Molly had a large hamper of food ready for them. There was breakfast, snacks, and lunch food ready for them but she was nowhere to be found. She left a note stating it was too hard to say goodbye. So everyone was loaded into the van and by 5:30 they were on the road. It was a nearly silent ride for the first hour but then everyone started getting excited. By the time they arrived, Quinn was waiting on the tarmac and with his help, the luggage was loaded and everyone was strapping in.

As they flew across the Atlantic, Brian talked to Quinn about some of the job options they have at Britin. Then Gus sat next to Quinn, telling him all about the house and Pittsburgh. Over the 10 hour flight they ate, they napped, they talked, and by the end, the kids, even Gus, were crabby.

 

When they landed at the airport, it was noon, Eastern Time. Emmett and James were each there with a car and after hugs and quick introductions, the luggage was loaded into the cars.  Another car pulled up and it was Tuck to take Jenn home. Jenn and Tuck had an unusual marriage but they still loved each other and from the kiss they exchanged it was obvious they had missed each other. Jenn said a quick goodbye to the kids and Brian and Justin before leaving.  

Justin went to Em and said, "Where is the beautiful little girl of yours?"

Emmett smiled at him, "She's with Ronni. She wasn't feeling very well this morning." There was a sound in Em's voice that caught Justin's attention.

"Is there something going on?"

Em smiled a weak smile. "We have lots to catch up on, my friend. I am so glad you are home.  I've missed you." There was a little desperation in his voice and when they hugged, Em held on tight.

 

Once they arrived at Britin everyone seemed to have an energy crash. Ronni had left a meal in the fridge, knowing it would be best for them to be alone tonight. For now, they had Quinn settle in one of the guest rooms. They wanted to think a few things through to decide what the best location would be. Some of that would depend on the job he filled but for now that all could wait. 

After an early dinner and a couple stories, Brian put the boys down while Justin put Jessi down.  They were all even too tired for stories so once they were settled, Brian, Justin, and Quinn met downstairs in the family room and all three of them sat down with a whiskey.

"You were not pulling my leg when you said you had room," Quinn said as he nursed his drink.

"I am guessing you aren't interested in the art world, so we are thinking security is the best fit for you. And if that is what you end up doing, we will probably put you in the Barn," Brian said.

Justin was watching Quinn's facial expression and clarified, "The Barn is a beautiful, old place. After we left they moved the security office into it and it has a full kitchen and three bedrooms. It is a great place."

"That sounds great, and it is near here? Since I don't have a car..."

"It is on the property but don't worry about a car," Brian said. "We have several of them."

"It may take me a little while to get used to all of this." Quinn looked around the room. "I hope I'm not being rude but I need to go to bed."

"Go. We are heading there ourselves very soon." Justin said, draining his glass

 

They said their goodnights and after locking up the house and turning off the lights Brian and Justin moved up the stairs, side by side. They pulled on shorts and t-shirts and stretched out on the bed. "As nice as the house in Ireland was, it feels so good to be in our own bed, in our own room.

"I couldn't agree more." Brian pulled him into his arms, "We are home where we belong."

Exhausted from the day's travels they drifted off, legs and arms entwined, looking forward to the changes to come.

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1810