To Catch a Thief (and never let him go) by Simply written
Summary:

Justin Taylor and Brian Kinney had a lot in common. They both had to raise themselves. Neither of them had a picture perfect family and by the time they entered college they were on their own. Brian is a private investigator working on an art theft for an insurance company. Justin just moved to Pittsburgh and is now working for Emmett Honeycutt and George Schickle in the Schickle Art Gallery. Brian arranges to meet with Justin, hoping Justin might have heard something working with art.

 

There are instantaneous sparks when they meet, and the heat between them begins to grow and grow. Will Brian find the art thief? Does Justin have the connections to assist him? Will they be able to focus on the case at hand or will their attraction to each other distract both of them enough to fail.

 


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Emmett Honeycutt, George Shickel, Jennifer Taylor, Justin Taylor, Molly Taylor, Original Female Character, Original Male Character
Tags: 10k+ Word Count
Genres: Alternate Universe
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 55890 Read: 2563 Published: May 25, 2023 Updated: May 25, 2023
Story Notes:

 

This was written by Simply written, alone. I am just posting it here for her.

~Lorie

 

1. Chapter 1 by Simply written

2. Chapter 2 by Simply written

3. Chapter 3 by Simply written

4. Chapter 4 by Simply written

5. Chapter 5 by Simply written

6. Chapter 6 by Simply written

7. Chapter 7 by Simply written

8. Chapter 8 by Simply written

9. Chapter 9 by Simply written

10. Chapter 10 by Simply written

Chapter 1 by Simply written

 

"Kinney, you were supposed to be here half an hour ago. You missed the briefing."

"Cap, I've told you before. I am not one of your detectives. I work for more people than just you, and I don't follow a schedule."

"So what kept you busy last night?" Captain Harrison asked.

"It was for your case. Well, the case that I am helping you with, and of course, the insurance company. I keep getting leads that our thief spends time at Babylon. Okay, maybe not Babylon, but a few of the other clubs down Liberty Avenue."

"You aren't charging the police department for your nightlife are you?"

"I am making the insurance company pick up the night activities, and have my police expense account for my daily activities."

"So have you gotten any leads?"

"From talking to the victims and looking at the scenes of the crimes... shit, I'm starting to sound like one of you."

"Haha, what have you figured out?"

"I know someone thought it might be a couple working together, while someone else was sure a robot or drone was sent in to get the small statue that was stolen there. They were sure a person could not have made it in without setting off the alarm."

"That's what our detectives have been trying to figure out, too. They are checking on drones as a possibility. What do you think? Is that a possibility?"

"The thing is, the thief would still need to know how to get around the alarm system."

"Whoever is doing this has more skills than your normal thief." 

Brian stood and looked at the captain, "I need to go tell the insurance company what I just told you."

"So you don't know anything else? Why are you checking out clubs on Liberty Avenue rather than other clubs."

"The only clue that has ever been found was a receipt for Woody's, which is a dive bar on Liberty. I said I would check into that, but who says a gardener or anyone walking past couldn't have dropped it."

"Are you saying someone who is gay couldn't be a thief?" the captain smirked at him.

"I just think the person doing this is far too smart to drop a receipt."

"Keep in touch, Brian. Remember, anything you find goes to both the police and the insurance agency. Preferably in that order."

 

Justin stretched in his bed and then realized he wasn't alone. "Hey, get up. If you want a shower there are towels in there, but hurry up. I have to be somewhere in a little while."

The good looking man in his bed stood and walked into the bathroom. He was a specimen, but Justin was sure he couldn't hold  a conversation about... well, about anything. He slipped on a robe and walked to the kitchen and made a cup of coffee. Pulling out a disposable cup for his lover, he made another cup. He left the cream and sugar on the counter and carried his cup into the bedroom.

The freshly showered man was pulling on his shirt when Justin came in. "Can I call you? I'd like to see you again."

"Sure, feel free to call me anytime. There is a cup of coffee on the counter for you." With that, Justin dropped his robe and walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. He smiled, knowing the guy didn't have his number, and as far as he knew no one he'd met at any of the bars had it. He heard the door to his apartment shut just as he turned on the shower and stepped under the steaming water. He had been in Pittsburgh for six months. Once he arrived, he found a job in an upscale gallery and rented a mid level apartment that he could explain to anyone he happened to have over. ‘My grandma gave me a little money' or ‘my last job paid well'. It was easy to come up with something when no one was in his apartment more than once. 

As Justin dried off and did his grooming he thought about the next job he was planning. He remembered how nervous he was when he did his first job. He was living in Chicago with his dad. His dad was always pulling some low level scam and never looked at the future. Craig Taylor was a loser. He didn't have any sense for business, unless declaring bankruptcy was considered an eye for business. 

That first job was just a simple ripoff. He had just turned 16 and his dad took him along to a customer's house. He had just sold a freezer to some rich guy. He had told him it was brand new but it was really refurbished. His dad did that a lot, but this time he realized he hadn't removed a sticker on the back of the appliance. While his dad told the guy some bullshit story about losing a diamond ring he was going to give his girl, blah, blah, blah, Justin had gone and pulled the tag off the back for him. When he returned from the freezer, he held up a ring he had always had tucked in his pocket and they left before the buyer could look at it any closer.

Craig never asked him to do anything like that again, but seeing inside that amazing house gave him an idea. He had slipped back into the house about a week later and very quietly entered the home office he had seen the last time he had been there and found more than $200 in one drawer, but when he looked around, he hit paydirt. He found a safe that was closed but when he pulled on the door, it opened and he scored. There was at least $1500 in there. He emptied it into the bag he had brought along. He shut the safe so it didn't look like anything had happened, put the $200 back where he found it so they might not notice the robbery for a while, and he slipped back out of the house. Until they looked for something in the safe, they wouldn't know anyone had been there.

 

By the time he graduated from high school, he had taken nearly a year's worth of college tuition and had saved enough to go to get a double major. He studied finance and art. School had always come easy for him, so by his 21st birthday he had graduated. He insisted on spreading his wings and going to the big city. He had found a job in New York City. He did well for himself.  Not only did he do well at his gallery job but he had managed to lift a big item once a month. He made sure he didn't pick the same area of the city too often and he didn't always steal artwork.  Sometimes he lifted jewelry, or, on a rare occasion, he heard about a cash exchange. He followed business deals going on around the city.  

Now at 25, it was time to let NYC cool off. His last plunder was bigger than most, so it was time for new scenery. His last hit was an estate sale worth several million dollars. He had heard that the insurance company hired a private detective to find him, so he hadn't tried to get rid of the treasure, yet. Instead he had taken it with him and had it locked in the safe at his apartment.

After six months in Pittsburgh, and four months at his job, he was just starting to look for his first take. As he drank a second cup of coffee, he decided to see if anything more had been said about the insurance company and the jewels. He knew his old boss would have continued to follow the story.

"Justin, how wonderful to hear from you." 

"Mr. Harold, it is great to hear your voice. How is that adorable husband of yours?"

"Oh, Armond is still perfect. Have you ever seen a more handsome man?"

Justin had to smile, thinking about his previous boss and his squat, balding husband. "You know you got the best," he said smiling to himself.

"Have you found Mr. Right yet?"

"Didn't I just say you got the best." Justin missed his past employer and he liked his husband. He was a good businessman and loyal to a fault.

"So, Justin, what can I help you with today? Have you come to your senses and decided to come back?"

"No. I may someday. I overheard someone talking about the jewelry theft yesterday, and I knew you would have kept following that. We talked about it most days."

"Oh, that one is still open." Justin almost laughed, picturing Mr. Harold's face as he talked, "It is still a great mystery but there hasn't been a big heist with the same modus operandi since. Of course, that's half the problem, there really isn't an MO." Harold Harold, yes that was his name, was so proud of himself for knowing what an MO was.

Justin took another sip of steaming coffee, "What about that private detective they hired? Is he still snooping around?"

"I think he is still on the case, but he has left town. I must say, he came in here once and my my, if my Armond wasn't so adorable... That man was almost as pretty as he is. I think his name was Brian Kent. No, that's not right, Brian Kinney. Yes, that's it."

They chatted a couple more minutes before Mr. Harold said he needed to go. As soon as they said goodbye Justin looked up Brian Kinney in conjunction with the insurance company. Fuck, he didn't have a picture posted. Now, how the hell would he know who to look for. He finished getting ready for work and thirty minutes later was walking the two blocks to work.

 

Justin was in the storeroom unpacking art and checking out its provenance. This was a batch the gallery manager, Emmett Honeycutt, had ordered, and he didn't like the look of it. He had never heard of the wholesaler it came from. He really didn't like working with the warehouse style art. Yes, it was the way many artists started, but when he took the job here, he had no idea they worked with such mediocre merchandise.  

After matching the invoice with the pieces he had unpacked he headed toward the showroom to talk to the owner, hoping he would let him choose the next lot. As he started to enter the main room he heard the owner talking to someone. He ducked behind a display wall where he could look through slats and see the visitor. 

"You own this gallery?" the tall, dark stranger asked.  

"I am the manager," Emmett replied. "Aren't you Brian Kinney?

"I am. Do we know each other?"

"You left the city before I got here but I think you know my friend, Ted."

"Ted gave me your name, but he didn't tell me you were friends. He probably didn't want me to be influenced by your relationship."

Brian Kinney! He thought he had seen him before. It was at that dive bar he went to about a month ago. Kinney had strode in and sat down next to Ted. He had seen Ted there a couple of times and knew Emmett was a friend of his. Ted was a good looking guy, but he remembered this guy took his breath away, but seeing him at a gay bar didn't mean Kinney was gay. He may have come to meet an old friend, but he saw the way he had checked out guys around the bar so he was probably gay. He had thought about trying to pick him up for the night but before he could do that, Brian got a phone call and had left.

"Mr. Kinney, do you think I am selling stolen goods?" Emmett was indignant.

"Brian, please, and not at all. I was just wondering if anyone has come in trying to sell some art to you. I was given a lead that someone from New York has moved to Pittsburgh recently and he or she may be trying to unload some items. Have you heard of anyone moving here from New York City in the last six months or so?"

"That is about the time Justin arrived. He isn't a thief, however, he did come from NYC."

Justin slipped back down the hall and left through the backdoor before Emmett could catch up with him. 

Emmett heard it close and after a quick glance and a call out for him, he realized Justin was indeed gone. He walked back to the front and said, "He must have left for a break."

Brian handed him his card. "Here's my card. I'd love to get a call from him, even if he doesn't think he knows anything. If it's alright, I might stop by again later."

Emmett smiled at him, "You are welcome here anytime. If I didn't have my sweetie, George, I'd do a lot more to keep you here."

"George? Is that George Schickle, the gallery owner?"

"It is. I'm not embarrassed one bit that I am a kept man." 

"I met him a long time ago.  He is a very nice man. I make no judgments."  Brian walked out the door and was on his way.

 

Justin watched Brian walk out of the gallery from the food stand at the corner. Once he was sure Kinney was gone he walked back to work, entering through the front door, lunch bag in hand.

"Alright, young man," Emmett said, as Justin walked up to the counter, "Why did you duck out so fast? I saw you watching us and you have never run away from a stunning man. Hell, I've seen straight men want to follow you home. You and Brian together would have every eye in the club watching you."

Justin was surprised he had gotten caught. "I just... he is so hot, I didn't want to meet him dressed..."

"Justin, you are lying to me. I'd rather you just say I had my reasons than to listen to lies."

"I had my reasons."

"Fine, well he asked me to give you this and said he would return." He handed Justin Brian's business card. "Unless you have reasons I am unaware of, and you might, I would call him back and set up a time to meet him, like at 8:00 tonight, at your apartment. He has been out of the city for several years but he was a god in his day, and from the look of him, he still has all his godliness."

"I'll call him sometime," Justin stuck the card in the back of his phone. Then, changing the subject he said, "I reviewed the inventory. I was surprised at the quality. They were nice enough and the quality was fine for beginners, but how about letting me do the next order. You are a great gallery manager, but I think you will agree, I have more experience with the quality of an art piece. With my help, we can make this the first stop for those who have money and power in the city."

"I did that poorly?" Em slumped.

"Not bad, just not work that will bring in big spenders." Justin patted Emmett's shoulder. "This place is great, or I would not be working here. I just want it to be even better."

 

Emmett left at 3:00 that afternoon and Justin was to lock up at 5:00. As soon as Justin was sure Emmett wouldn't return, he called the insurance agency that employed Brian Kinney. He asked for information about him, as if he was verifying his credentials. Yes, Brian worked for them. Yes, he was investigating thefts that took place in New York City. Justin thanked the woman he was talking to and said goodbye.

As he tidied up the shop he thought about how he was going to handle Brian Kinney, and he decided he would prefer he thought he was a friend than a suspect. This time he made a call from his own phone. "Hello, is this Mr. Kinney?"

"It is. Who am I talking to?"

"This is Justin Taylor. You stopped by the gallery today while I was out. Is there something I can help you with?" He tried to sound as helpful as he could. "I am getting off work at 5:00. Would you like to meet for a drink around 6:00 and I can answer any questions you might have.

"I'd appreciate that. You don't know how many times I have to make multiple trips or calls to talk to someone. Do you have a preference where to meet?"

"Emmett tells me you grew up here, where's a good place to eat? I have a loft near the gallery and right now I don't have a car." Justin hoped that meant he would choose something nearby.

"There is a place about six blocks from where you are. "Could we say 6:30? I know that's a little later but I'll spring for dinner, too, if you have time. I may be from here but I have lost touch with many of my old friends. They have moved on with their lives. Some of them have gotten married and some have just moved away."

"6:30 would be fine. It will give me time to go home and ditch the work clothes." Brian gave him the name of a nearby Italian place he had wanted to try but hadn't been able to get reservations for. "Do you know how busy that place is? If you don't have a reservation..."

"I have reserved a table. I was supposed to have dinner with a friend but he ended up getting called out of town. I'd feel a lot better if I didn't eat alone."

"I will see you at 6:30, Mr. Kinney."

"See you then, and it's Brian."

"See you soon, Brian." Damn, Justin thought. His voice fit his looks. You could hear he didn't let people run over him. He was professional when it came to work but Justin could almost hear that voice, soft and sexy. "Shit," he said as he locked the door of the gallery and moved down the block. How could he be attracted to the man who wanted to put him out of business? More than that, he wanted to put him in jail. Talking to his employer today, Justin found out he was working with the police, too, so that was one more reason he needed to ask the right questions without  making him suspicious. As he walked into his building he started planning what he was going to wear.

 

Brian hoped this guy, Justin Taylor, could carry on a conversation. No, from his file he could tell the guy was smart. He completed a double major in three years. He could carry on a short conversation about art and about finances but he had met too many men that just couldn't hold a conversation about anything else. For all he knew this guy was straight and would talk about football all evening. He didn't even know what he looked like. Not that it mattered. This was a business meeting, not a date.

Brian put on a pair of khakis and a button down. He wasn't going to wear a suit, knowing Justin was going to dress down, but this still was a business meeting and a nice restaurant. He arrived at 6:25 and was shown to a table. It was in the back and out of the way. Ted had gotten the reservations as soon as he heard Brian would be in town. And then he was called out of town. Looking around, the interior was nothing special but it had a great atmosphere and it smelled divine. 

As he reviewed the wine menu in the bustling restaurant, there was a point when he felt a draw to look up. The host led a stunning blonde to his table. When he was sure they were stopping at his table he stood and smiled at his stunning dinner companion. "Mr. Taylor?" Close up he was even better looking. His eyes were a sparkling blue, and he knew how to play off of them. He was also in khakis but his shirt was a deep blue that added depth to his blue eyes. Justin extended his hand and Brian shook it.

"Justin, please. It is nice to meet you, Brian." Before they both had gotten comfortable in the booth, the server came up and asked for their drink orders. "I will take a glass of red wine please."

"Why don't you make it a bottle?" Brian said, adding a specific vintage. "Is that alright?" Justin nodded. After the server walked away, Brian added, "I had a couple minutes to prepare."

"Why don't you order for the evening. I love to try new things but hate trying to decide what I want."

"Sure, I can do that. I think they have some sharing plates so we can try a few more things." 

Once the bottle of wine arrived, and Brian ordered a five course meal, they started talking business. "Justin, I want you to know you are not on my list of suspects. You just had the bad fortune of moving here about the same time they think the thief moved here."

"And you are sure he moved here?"

"They are fairly sure, but I don't expect him to be someone that you would run into." Justin leaned toward him and rested his chin on his palm as he watched Brian talk. He was mesmerized by the golden flex in his brown eyes. "Justin, where did you go? Have you heard anything I said?" Now he was smiling and the humor showed in his eyes.

"I am sorry. What did you ask?"

"I was just wondering if you have heard anything at the gallery. Has anyone asked you weird questions or asked if you could locate something for them?"

"No, but I haven't gained everyone's trust yet." He stopped himself just before he reached out to touch Brian's hand. "I mean, Em has been here all his life, and with his husband, George, being who he is, people talk to Em about detailed things."

"I was going to ask why you couldn't be trusted," Brian said with a wink. Justin started to defend himself but then noticed Brian's smile. Brian did reach out to touch Justin's hand, but was interrupted by the next course of their meal. 

As they ate they got to know each other, "So how did you get into being a private investigator?" Justin asked.

Brian told him about a shitty homelife and how he started getting into trouble with the law. "An officer took interest in me and thanks to him I got straightened out. I knew I wouldn't like being on the police force but I did want to help take the bad off the street. How about you? Where did you grow up and how did you get here?"

As they continued to drink wine and eat the amazing meal, Justin told Brian about a bad divorce between his parents and how his father got custody of him. While he was raised in Chicago, his mom and sister moved to the west coast. He told him about his father's poor business skills which is why he went into finance. 

By now they had finished a second bottle of wine and were having coffee with their dessert. Brian looked at Justin, making eye contact. "I have to admit, I really didn't want to eat here alone but without ever meeting you... that was risky."

"I admit I was a little wary myself, but I need to admit something, I had seen you before. I just didn't know who you were. One night you were at Woody's and I was about ready to walk over and introduce myself when you got a phone call and left."

"And what were you planning to say to me?"

"I was going to ask you," this time Justin did reach out and took Brian's hand and said, "if you were interested in coming home with me."

"So, now that we got to know each other a little, would you still ask me that?"

Justin threaded his fingers through Brian's and asked, "Brian, I would like it if you came home with me."

Brian pulled out his wallet and dropped a stack of bills on the table and stood. Without another word they walked out of the restaurant. They walked hand in hand until they got to the next  doorway and then Brian yanked Justin into the shadows and brushed his lips against Justin's and then, ever so slowly, used his tongue to gently open his mouth. Then Brian explored every millimeter of his mouth while Justin's fingers began to unbutton Brian's shirt, just so he could touch his skin.

Brian finally took a step backwards, "Damn, that isn't going to last me very long. How much further is your loft?"

"Four blocks. I hope you're in shape." Justin gave him a quick peck and then he was sprinting down the sidewalk with Brian right behind. By the time they reached Justin's loft, they fell into each other's arms. They began moving up the flight of steps and as they did they both started unbuttoning their shirts. Once they got through the door, they both kicked off their shoes and then Justin's hands were on Brian's shoulders and then around his neck, and pressed himself tightly against Brian's bare chest. "Damn, you really are perfect." Justin said moments before Brian crushed his mouth with his own.

Neither remembered exactly how they ended up in the bedroom but it didn't take long before they managed to wiggle out of their trousers without breaking the connection. Justin pulled him toward the bed, and after he stretched out on the thick mattress he reached out and Brian did not hesitate. He stretched out beside Justin for just a moment before he positioned himself over the gorgeous blonde he was already fond of.

Justin yielded to Brian's manipulation of his body and as Justin's ankles went over Brian's shoulders, Brian grabbed a condom off of the nightstand and Justin pointed out the lube that was next to it. Brian squeezed out a healthy amount and spread it on the condom and then took his time putting lube on Justin. By the time Brian moved into him, Justin was on the verge of cumming from Brian's manual ministrations. They took it slow. As Brian moved he bent down to kiss Justin, but it didn't take long before Brian began to speed up and Justin came just moments before Brian cried out and dropped on top of him.

"Give me... a... minute," Brian said as he regained his breath. Justin kissed him along his jawline. "If you keep that up it doesn't pay to get off." Brian rolled off and as if natural, linked his fingers with Justin.

"I knew you would have skills," Justin said, rolling to his side for another kiss.

"I don't think it was your first time either," Brian said as he stroked a finger over Justin's hip.

"You missed that by ten years."

"How old are you? No, let me guess, 27?"

"Not quite. I'm 26. My guess is that you are..."

"Careful," Brian said, kissing Justin's palm.

"I would say about 30 which, by the way, looks very good on you." Justin knew from his research that Brian had turned 30 on his last birthday.

"How'd you guess?"

Justin thought quickly, "I think Emmett might have said something." He started getting out of bed, "I'm going to grab us some water and then maybe we can have a round two?"

"Two? I am hoping for at least three." Brian pulled him back for one more kiss before letting him walk out.

Justin gave himself a minute to regain his stability. He was playing with fire. Just bringing Brian to his apartment was pushing it, but this man was beyond perfect. Not only was he kind and sweet but he was also very intelligent. He needed to be extremely careful not to say the wrong thing, but he was going to see this man again, if Brian wanted to, that is.

He strode back into the bedroom with a couple bottles of water and tossed one to Brian. "That took longer than I expected. Were you trying to figure out how to get rid of me graciously?"

"Not at all. If I wanted you out, I would have told you to leave by now." Justin dropped down next to Brian and after drinking half the water in his bottle, he set it down and ran his hand down Brian's long torso and slowly stroked Brian's cock which was now responding quickly. 

Brian emptied his bottle of water and, after tossing it to the side, pulled Justin to a sitting position over his rigid cock. Without even noticing, Brian had put on a rubber and guided Justin down onto it. Justin took over from there. He moved up and down slowly and then quickly, repeating this several times until Brian couldn't hold on any longer. Brian grabbed his hips and thrust as hard and as fast as he could until they both shouted and gave into the orgasms that drove both of them to near madness. 

As Justin fell forward, Brian wrapped his arms around him tightly. "Don't plan on going anywhere for a while. I want to stay just like this." 

It only took a couple minutes for them both to fall asleep, Justin still on top of his lover.

Justin woke around 3:00. Sometime in their sleep he had ended up spooned tightly against Brian. Now, he couldn't stop thinking that this had been a stupid idea. Not only had he shown  him where he lived, but he wanted to see this man again and he usually got what he wanted. 

"You awake?" Brian whispered in his ear.

"I am."

"What time is it?" Brian asked as his arm tightened around him.

"3:15. Do you need to leave?" Justin asked, turning to face him.

"Do you want me to leave?" Brian pressed his body against Justin's.

"No, I don't." He reached out and traced Brian's ear with a finger, "I'm off tomorrow."

"Well, good for me I make my own hours, or at least I do tomorrow."

And that was the beginning of round three.

 

It was 9:00 a.m. when Brian joined Justin in the shower. "Did I just hear a phone?" Justin asked Brian.

"Ya, it was the police. They informed me I still work for them and they want to see me. There was a robbery last night that matches the pattern of our New York guy."

"So you know it is a guy?" Justin asked as he rubbed a loofa over Brian's back, hoping he sounded nonchalant.

Brian stuck his ass out as Justin finished his back. Justin tossed the loofa and to Brian's surprise he was soon massaging his prostate, causing Brian to groan loudly. Justin didn't stop until Brian had to support himself against the stall wall and then went into a massive climax. 

Brian turned into Justin's arms and kissed him, "Fuck, I hate to do this. If I'm not downtown at police headquarters in half an hour..." he made the mistake of looking at Justin and his eyes moved from his blue eyes to his amazing cock before he shut his eyes and stepped under the powerful spray of water. They stepped out together and dried off quickly. 

"I'll get you a coffee to go," Justin said, wrapping his robe around himself. Brian came out of the bedroom five minutes later. "Plenty of sugar and a touch of cream," Justin said as he handed the to-go cup to Brian. He let his robe fall open on purpose.

"Damn, you play dirty. I'll call you when I am done. Can we meet tonight?"

"Call me! On my day off I like to work on my own art." Justin kissed Brian as he opened the door. "Leave a message if I don't answer. I go into my own little world when I am painting." With that, Justin pushed him out the door and shut it behind him.

Brian wasn't sure what had hit him. He wasn't sure he had ever felt like this before.

Justin was also uncertain about what had just happened. Did he want to see him again? Hell, yes! Should he see Brian Kinney again? He would have to make that decision. He took his cup of coffee with him into the bedroom as he pulled on his painting clothes and left the apartment himself to go to his studio.

 

Chapter 2 by Simply written

 

"So, whose bed did I pull you out of?" Captain Harrison asked.

"It was the shower, not the bed. And I know you don't want to hear about my sex life, but this guy..."

"Did you pick him up at a bar?"

"If you must know, we had dinner on my expense account."

"Brian, don't bend those rules too far.  We are not paying for your sex life."

‘Justin works at the Schickle Art Gallery. It is managed by George's husband and we have a mutual friend who told me about the new employee who started a few months ago and he is from New York City."

"Ok, you have my interest.  Could he be..."

"I don't get that vibe from him at all. I checked his background. He has a double major in Business and Art. He promised to keep an eye out for me and do a little checking around."

"So you have convinced me it was work related. Now, you have had hundreds of men, what makes this one special?"

"He is one of the most beautiful men I have ever met, and he can actually carry a conversation.  We grew up in very different homes but both of us basically raised ourselves, so we have that in common. It doesn't sound like he had someone like you," Brian smiled at his mentor, "that helped him out, but he is so smart he didn't need that."

"Just be wary of mixing work and pleasure."

"Don't worry about me. Now was there a reason you needed to see me?"

"I've been told there is a piece of art being transferred to a new owner sometime in the next week. Since word is out about it, they are switching where it will be delivered and but no one will know the new drop off spot and I will have the original drop covered. We hope that will catch him."

"Is anyone closer to knowing who this thief is? Brian asked, standing to get another cup of coffee.

Harrison lifted his cup toward Brian, and Brian filled that one, too. "Some think it has the same MO as someone that had worked in Chicago years ago. The plans are now more calculated and the targets are more valuable, now. I don't see it, but some are sure it is the same person."

"Why do they think that?"

"I haven't gotten the full report yet, but they said something about something artistic being left behind. I'll pass the report on as soon as I get it." Captain Harrison looked at Brian and asked, "Do any of those things ring a bell for you?"

"No," he kind of shook his head to snap out of his thought. He responded, "I'm out of here.  I have to meet up with someone. I'll look at the report as soon as I get it." As Brian walked down the hall of the police station he thought to himself, I am sure I am reading far too much into this but he couldn't help comparing everything that was said to Justin. Chicago was a huge place. That was just a coincidence. Damn, Justin was going to be a distraction and he didn't want to change that.

 

Justin went to his studio. No one knew where that was located. He knew he needed a place off the grid just in case he needed a place to hide. He had cash hidden there, too, so if he had to run he had cash. This was also where he kept his plans for his next break-in. After he checked his email on his computer he kept there, he was given the date the painting was going to be arriving in the city. He was planning to take it before it was delivered. He had a lead on the gallery it would be spending a day or two at. He hoped to just slip into the storage room, take the painting, and pass it on to the middleman who hired him to get it for his clients.

This was his favorite way to get a big paycheck. He didn't have to try to sell it. He just got a flat fee. Of course there were the rare cases where he spotted an item he wanted for himself. There had been a couple times when he was picking up a contracted piece of art that he found something for himself he couldn't leave behind. He walked over and lifted a small porcelain figurine. He was going to make his version of it. He couldn't send her the real thing. What if someone realized it was an original? But she would love whatever he created for her.  

Justin stripped off his shirt and sat down by a work table where he had already placed a chunk of clay. His adrenaline was flowing through his body, thinking about the upcoming contract. He turned off his phone and turned up some music and lost himself in his true craft.

 

Brian tried calling Justin for the third time. What was it about this guy? He never had to call a guy more than once when it came to his social life. Why was this guy so different? Why was he even still thinking about him? It was rare he saw the same guy twice, but he knew he had to make an exception with Justin. Maybe they could skip dinner and go straight to the sex. On second thought, no, I need to learn more about him. He was sure he would do or say something the next time they were together that would turn him off. He pulled out his phone and looked at the time. 5:00 p.m. "Hell, why not!" he said out loud before calling Justin again.

Justin looked at the figurine he was holding. Molly was the only person he would make something like this for. He normally didn't like delicate things, but his little sister would always be delicate to him. He stood and stretched. There were a few twinges that reminded him of Brian. Damn, that man was hot.

He looked at the clock having no idea what time it was. How did it get that late! It was nearly 7:00 and he had been here since 10:00. He realized he had to pee. He had been drinking water but he hadn't eaten anything since breakfast and now he realized how hungry he was. He picked up his phone and saw he had missed four calls from Brian. He then looked at his texts.  There was one from Emmett, asking if he could be there at 8:30 in the morning. He had a dinner engagement with George and hoped he didn't have to rush in the morning. Justin responded, ‘No Problem. I will be there by 8:30.'

The next message was from Brian. "Want to grab Chinese or a pizza?" He started to text back but called instead.

"Justin, where have you been? I was about to give up on you."

"Sorry, when I am at my studio I never know what time it is. Where are you?

"I just arrived at Antonio's Pizza. I was going to just grab a slice."

"Order a large whatever and a beer. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Sure, great! See you soon." Brian ended the call and said to himself, "Kinney, you just sounded like a junior high girl. Pull yourself together." He stepped into the building, just as it started to rain.

Justin had cleaned up and pulled his shirt back on. He locked everything up tightly and set the security system. He smiled, no one knew his studio was above Antonio's. Even Tony had never met him in person. Justin went downstairs and out the back door. He sprinted around the building and into the front door. 10 minutes on the dot.

"I didn't think you'd make it in 10. You must have been close by."

"I was just walking out of my place to find food. Food is always a motivator."

"And this is some of the best pizza in town."

"Right now I could eat anything. I got distracted today. I ate a bagel this morning."

"I hope you at least drank something or this beer is going to hit you hard."

"I drank several bottles of water throughout the day."

"What were you working on all day?"

"I started my sister's birthday gift. I put it in the kiln before I left and then I will need to paint it later."

"I'd love to see your studio." Brian reached out and touched Justin's arm and then slipped his hand into Justin's.

"Sorry, that is my domain, but if you're around when it is done, I will show it to you at the gallery or my place." Damn, he wished he hadn't said that.

"Does that mean I might get to go to your apartment again?" Brian kissed Justin lightly but the flick of his tongue between Justin's lips suggested he would like more.

"Saved by the pizza," Justin said as the pie was set on their table with a fresh beer for both. Justin's hunger took over and he ate a piece before he spoke again. Brian watched and smiled seeing how much Justin was enjoying it. As he picked up a second slice he smiled at Brian.  "Sorry. Tell me about your day. You started at the police department, right?"

"Ya, there is supposed to be a theft in the planning right now. Cap didn't tell me where he got his information but they are going to change the actual delivery date. Shit, don't tell anyone about that. I know better than to talk about a police matter."

"Don't worry about it, I won't tell anyone." Justin's mind started spinning. He needed to get out of here. He had messages to send and needed to get a new plan in place.

They continued to eat and drink and talk and touch. When they had both eaten their fill, Brian leaned over and whispered, "Come home with me."

"Brian, I can't tonight. I have a couple things to do tonight since I didn't do them earlier today and I have to be at work early tomorrow." He wasn't sure why he said it, but the next thing out of his mouth was, "How about Saturday? We can go to dinner and maybe to a club?"

"Saturday. Ya, that will work." They walked out the door. It had stopped raining and it had gotten chillier. Let me take you home." Brian kissed him, holding him tightly against him as he deepened the kiss.

Taking a small step back, Justin said, "No, really, I need to stop at my studio. I realized I am not sure if I set the kiln right." 

"Come on..."

Justin kissed him once more and said, "Let me know what time works Saturday." And with that Justin jogged to the corner and turned it. When he got to the alley, he doubled back and went into the studio. He shot off an email. ‘Need to change plans. Merchandise will be picked up at the original location. Will contact you when pick up is ready.'

"Damn," Justin said out loud as he reset the alarm and moved down the back stairs. The only thing going his way was the fact that the rain had stopped. He started to take the back way through the alleys but decided this time of night it was best to take the well lit sidewalk instead. He would still be home by 9:30. He hated being out of the house early in the morning but he hoped Em and George were having a great time. They were such a sweet couple and it was so obvious how much they loved each other. Love didn't see age, and even if George wasn't worth a gazillion dollars, Em would love him. He wondered if he would know when he had found the right one.

 

Emmett was glowing when he came in at noon the following day. "And the dinner was one of those where there was more silverware than Mississippi has catfish."

Justin had to smile. You could take the man out of the country but you couldn't take the country out of the man. "I am glad you had such a wonderful time. I hate to ask but..."

"You can leave whenever you want. There are no shipments coming in this afternoon."

"Well, I will probably leave at about 2:30."

"What are you up to?" Em asked.  

"Oh, it is supposed to be really nice so I plan to go up north and take some nature pictures. I could use some new inspiration."

"Do you have a place to stay? You could use the mountain cabin."

"That's very nice of you but I am not sure exactly where I will be going. I might take you up on that sometime though."

"Are you seeing Brian again?"

"If you must know we are going out Saturday." 

"You're not on the schedule again until next week, are you?"

"No. That's why I am going away for a couple days. I will probably be back in town by Friday evening, but I didn't want to promise I'd be back that soon."

"Why don't you just go now. Maybe you could have a late lunch with Brian."

"I'll take you up on that, even if  I don't see him." Justin kissed Em on the cheek. "I will be here bright and early on Monday." 

Justin had barely left when Brian popped in. Emmett could tell by the look on his face he was expecting Justin. "You're a little late, Brian. That ray of sunshine left about five minutes ago. If I could make a suggestion, text him you are picking up lunch for the two of you and get moving, because he is leaving town for a couple days."

"Em, do you mind texting him and making sure he is at his place? Tell him I'm on my way. Oh, and you're right. He is like sunshine."

Brian ran out the door as Em texted. ‘Don't eat lunch. Brian will be there soon.'

 

Justin rushed out of the gallery and headed straight home. Now he could leave early enough to go all the way to Philadelphia and follow the delivery van to the museum. If all the information he got was correct, he should be able to have the statue before the van ever left. All he had to do was pick up the forgery after he got packed. He was just entering his apartment when his phone beeped with Em's message. "I guess I'll see him today," Justin said out loud. 

As he quickly changed into jeans and a polo, he started thinking about Brian's warm, beautiful body. Did they have time to have sex? Damn, he wanted to, but he didn't need the distraction of Brian's body right now. However, thinking about him might be just what he needed to finish this job and then he could have the weekend with Brian. 

The buzzer to the front door sounded, and Justin went to the intercom, "Juan, is that you?"

"Who the hell is Juan?" Brian's voice filled the air as he buzzed him in. Justin could hear Brian coming down the hall, "Who is Juan?"

Justin opened the door and Brian walked in with a bag of Chinese. Justin kissed his cheek, "Good thing Em texted me. I was just about to heat a frozen dinner."

"Who's Juan?" Brian asked again.

"Give it a rest. You know I did that to wind you up."

Brian set the bag down and pulled Justin against him. The kiss made Justin's toes curl. "Now we are both wound up."

They sat across from each other at Justin's counter and talked. It was light hearted and they both learned more about the other one. "Brian, this was great, but I need to get going soon. I am heading out of town until Friday."

"What? Where are you going?" Justin walked around the counter and stepped between Brian's knees, and they kissed once more. "I'll be back for our date on Saturday. If we keep getting along so well, maybe we can go to the mountain cabin soon. Em said we could use it."

"Emmett Honeycutt does not have a mountain... George has a mountain cabin. Three days, just the two of us and a big bed, I'm in."

"Good, you bring the condoms. Now, I hate to push you out of my place after you brought me lunch but..."

"Ya, ya, I'm going. I need to anyway."

"Oh ya, that big theft. When is it supposed to take place?"

"I can't tell you that."

"Okay. But it isn't Saturday, is it? You will be all mine, right?" He guided Brian to the door.

"Yes, all yours."

"How about we stay in. I'll make dinner."

"You cook? Sexy as hell and he can cook. See you Saturday, Sunshine."

"Sunshine?"

"You always brighten up my day." Brian kissed him once more and then he was gone.

 

Justin had already packed his clothes, so as soon as Brian had left, he changed into dress slacks and a high quality dress shirt. He had to look the part of a wealthy businessman. It took him a few minutes to get his brown hairpiece on. He would be in character until he arrived back in Pittsburgh. He pulled the clothes-filled leather bag out of the closet and walked out the door.  

He went to the garage below his building, where he kept his Maserati GranTurismo. He sat in the driver's seat and ran his hand over the leather. He loved his blue sports car. He didn't drive it often. He only took it out when he was doing a job. Justin had wondered if it was a stupid buy, but he had found out people are so busy looking at the car they don't notice him. 

He drove to his next destination, stopping a block from his studio. He jogged to the back entrance and, letting himself in, unlocked the steel locker he had in the entrance. He pulled out his go bag with all the tools he would need for the theft. It was heavy and he was glad when he had it safely in the small trunk of the car. Climbing behind the wheel, Justin moved into traffic and went with the flow until he was out of the city. And then he pushed the gas pedal to the floor and left the city behind him.

 

Justin arrived in Philadelphia just over four hours later. He pulled up to the Rittenhouse Hotel and refused to turn his car over to the valet. He drove it into the garage himself and parked it in the spot the valet told him to use. After checking in, he took a few minutes to settle into his room and then put on a jacket and walked across the street to the restaurant where the concierge had made a reservation for him. 

Right on time, Justin's contact arrived and sat down at his own table with his date. Both tables ordered and then his contact walked near his table. "Matthew, is that you?" 

Justin stood, responding to his code name and shook the man's hand. As long as he was in Philly he was Matthew Shafer. As he withdrew his hand from the contact he felt the reason for the meeting. He now had the make and model of the security system. He patted the man's shoulder and then slipped his hand into the pocket of his jacket, securing the memory card. The contact walked back to his table and Justin sat down to enjoy his meal. He took his time, enjoying the meal. He didn't rush. After he finished eating he walked to the adjoining bar and ordered one more drink. As he chatted with the bartender, both a man and woman tried to chat with him, but he didn't want to get distracted by flirting tonight. He paid his tab and returned to his room alone.

As he looked at the information on the memory card and refreshed his knowledge of this security system. Since he had to change his plans in the last two days, he was glad this wasn't new electronics. He felt sure tomorrow at this time he would have the item in hand and he would be sipping chilled champagne.

Looking at the clock he knew it was time to try to get some sleep. He glided across the high quality sheets. The coolness of them made his skin tingle. He wished Brian was here. He could use some physical activity right now. He was always keyed up before the job. He wished he could at least talk to him, but he couldn't do that either. His personal phone was in his car with the battery out of it. It would stay that way until the job was over and he was several miles out of Philly. He always had a cheap tracfone on hand for trips like this. The only one who had the number was his contact. If anything changed in the plans they had to be able to get ahold of him and he would let them know when the merchandise was in his possession. Justin would probably have the item less than an hour if everything went as planned. Justin finally dozed off as he slowly stroked himself.

 

Brian was frustrated in more ways than one. Why wasn't Justin answering his phone? He just wanted to talk to him. He wasn't used to this feeling. Everyone answered his phone calls. What was it about Justin? 

Once he realized he wasn't going to reach Justin, he called Ted. "Brian, what's up?"

"Does something have to be up for me to call you?"

"Brian, it is after 11:00 pm and you are calling me which means you are alone. Is there a reason you are alone?"

"You are so suspicious. I am just wondering if you want to have dinner tomorrow night."

"Is this about the new guy you met from Em's shop?"

"No, it isn't about Justin. Justin is out of town. I was just wondering if you..."

"Brian, you don't want to find someone to screw? Two nights in a row?" When do I get to meet Mr. Wonderful? I guess I have met him, sort of. One time I stopped by at the gallery and we were introduced before he left for the day. He is good looking."

"I don't think good looks really cover his appearance."

"Brian, I think you really like this guy."

"He's smart, beautiful, and fun to be around." Brian went silent for a moment and then said, "I really don't know how I feel.  All I know is I have never been this intrigued by a man."

"Where do you want to meet and what time? How long has it been since you've been to the old diner?"

"I forgot about that place. Should we say 7:00? No, let's make it 8:00. I have something with work that might go late tomorrow."

"Are you about to catch a thief?" Ted asked. "I know you thought you might be winding this case up."

"Not yet, but we are getting final plans in place and I don't know how long that will take."

"Brian, I need some sleep." 

In the background Brian heard a voice say, "Ted, say goodbye already."

"Sorry, Ted.  Bring him along tomorrow if you want."

"Goodnight, Brian."

 

Brian woke before his alarm. When was the last time he had done that? He wished he had woken up to Justin's hot body pressed against him, but it was probably good he didn't have a distraction today. They were reviewing the final plans for the possible theft. Both Brian's information, as well as what the police had discovered in both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

Arriving at the police station five minutes early had Captain Harrison looking at the clock. "You feeling alright, Brian? I am not sure you have ever arrived on time."

"Haha! I didn't know if there was anything we needed to talk about before we linked up with the insurance company and Philly police."

"Not really. It has gotten very quiet in the gossip chain. Tomorrow night the delivery arrives and we can all relax." Cap stood and got them both a cup of coffee. 

"Of course we could all be wrong. I mean is a pitcher made by Paul Revere really a hot item?" Brian took a sip of the hot liquid.

"There were obviously rumors going around or they wouldn't have hired you to follow it."

"They didn't hire me for this one. Yes, it is a valuable item but some of the jewelry was much more wanted. Seriously, I know the history behind the pitcher is what is important. But have you seen some of the jewelry that has been taken in the last year?"

"How does this guy know what items are insured by your company?"

"That is the main thing they want me to find out. If they know who the mole is, they will stop losing so much money." Brian looked at his old friend, "Don't tell anyone that. Only the president of the company knows that is the main reason the CEO hired me."

"Of course I won't say anything, and I can see the company needing that information sooner rather than later."

 

Justin had been up quite a bit during the night. The original plan was for him to enter the museum just before closing time and then take the silver pitcher before the security guards started their rounds. He changed his plans last night. He was going a little earlier in the day. He knew the time the guards switched and he knew the time of day that was slowest. The pitcher was already in the back room so when the new shift was just starting rounds and the other shift left, Justin would take what he needed and then walk out just like every other visitor.

Once he had it he would meet his contact at another restaurant and he would be back in his room before 9:00. That's when he would take time to plan the dinner for Saturday. Maybe he would rush home on Friday and see if Brian wanted to meet him later in the evening. He might be able to spend the whole day with him on Saturday then.

As Justin made sure he had everything in his messenger bag he tried to figure out why Brian Kinney was so different. He saw his share of men, and yet, Brian was gorgeous but there was more to him. He knew how dangerous it was for him to be involved with the investigator looking for him, but maybe it was like his car. Maybe if he had Brian in his bed, Brian wouldn't look for him in the streets.

 

"So, Kinney, have you gotten any more leads?" Only Brian and the CEO were left on the call.

"I have been able to take some off the list but I am still looking at about half a dozen people. If it makes you feel better, your employees seem clean, but I am looking at their partners or roommates. Maybe someone is just talking too much without realizing the person they are talking to has connections."

"I don't know if that is good or bad? I guess it makes me glad to know that our background search is working correctly. After tomorrow night, I am guessing you will want a few days off?"

"Is a week asking too much? I will still have some searches going but I'd like to spend a little time with some friends."

"That's fine, as long as the searches are still going on."

"I have one of the underwriters doing that." Brian felt his phone buzz and looked at the message.

"You have one of my underwriters doing work like that?"

"No. One of your underwriters has an intern looking into the leads I had. Hopefully, when I return, they will have taken out a few more on my list. Unless the thief changes his pattern he will take a minimum of a month off before rumors start up about the next theft." 

"That sounds about right."

"I have to go now." He held up his phone. I need to reply to this. Unless something comes up before then, we will talk tomorrow afternoon."

They said goodbye and Brian called Ted back. "Hey, Ted, can I live vicariously through you? Who was your boy toy last night? Was it that little blonde you have been seeing?"

"His name is Blake, and yes, I have a blonde of my own. Were you serious about him joining us?"

"Sure, why not? The diner still Ok? Let's make it 7:30. If that works for you. I am done with calls for the day."

"That sounds good. Have you talked to your blonde today?"

Brian sighed loudly, "He isn't even responding to texts. I need a distraction."

 

Justin replayed his activities in his mind. Everything had gone exactly as planned. He had roamed the rooms at the museum looking like the average visitor. When the shift change was nearing, he made sure he was located near the storage room. He put on gloves he had along as if he was about to go outside. No one would think twice about it at the time. As soon as the new shift appeared on the floor, Justin slipped into the storage room. It didn't take him long to locate the storage box. He knew the lid would still be off the package. Justin slipped out the replica he had created and swapped one pitcher for the other. He covered up the imposter with the packing material and then placed the original into his messenger bag. 

Five minutes later he was sitting down in the driver's seat of his flashy car and he was pulling away from the curb. He moved into traffic and then, when he felt like he was in the clear, he pulled over. He sent a one word text. CLEAR. A couple of minutes later he got a response. 7:00. He pulled back out into the flow and parked in his spot under the hotel. He now had two hours to actually touch something so historical. Every time he had something valuable he photographed it and looked at every detail. Then the next time he had to create something from the same era, he had new skills to use.

Justin took the back elevator up to his room. He was fairly sure none of the cameras caught his face and he was a very average height. With the darker hair he wasn't worried about any recognition. Here he was James Franklin. He came to Philadelphia for a business meeting. He avoided telling them what kind of business he did or where he called home. His credit card address was a PO Box in New York City, so they couldn't track him easily that way. He used that credit card for all his ‘business'. If they ever looked closer at it, he had a fake website that he kept updated. It wouldn't hold up if someone really dug but nothing would bring the site back to him.

 

Brian stopped at the Schickle Gallery on his way home. Em and George were behind the counter in a sweet embrace. "Well, Brian, what brings you here? You know Justin is out of town."

"I do but I can't get a hold of him. Hello, George. You are looking happy and healthy."

"I'm doing well. Good to see you, Brian."

"Em, have you talked to him? He isn't responding to my texts or calls. I just wanted to..."

"Check on him? Make sure he isn't screwing some other or several other guys."

Brian's face got hard. "What did he tell you? Where did he go?"

"Brian, if I knew that, I still wouldn't tell you. If it makes you feel better, I know he has had a couple men over for a quick roll in the sheets but he has not seen any of them more than once."

Taking a deep breath, Brian relaxed a little. "Sorry, of course it isn't your place to tell me. And knowing he hasn't had other fucks around does help. I am having dinner with Ted and his twink tonight. If Justin happens to contact you, please tell him to call me. I just want to hear his voice."

Brian left and George looked at Emmett, "I don't know Brian Kinney well, but he has a history. I didn't think he got involved in any of his relationships."

"Well, Georgie, you know how special Justin is. I think Brian is realizing that, too." He put a hand on either side of George's face and said, "Let's close early and you and I..."

George didn't need the rest of the sentence. "I'll notify the staff we should be home in half an hour and as soon as dinner is ready, they can have the night off."

Emmett kissed him and moved toward the front door with the key.

 

Brian and Justin left their rooms at the same time. Brian drove to Liberty Diner while Justin walked the two blocks to the restaurant, no one the wiser that in his bag there was a valuable artifact that would soon be out of his hands and his account in the Caymans would be a million larger along with the million he received earlier. It wouldn't be long and he would be done with this part of his life and it never looked better than picturing Brian along with him for the ride.

Justin ordered dinner to go this time. He was the one that stopped by his contacts table this time. This time it was just the woman. He kissed her cheek and set down his messenger bag. After sitting there for about five minutes, he stood, kissed her again and walked over to claim his dinner at the bar and smiled and waved at his ‘friend' as he left to eat in his room.

Back at the suite he had rented, he looked through the pictures on his phone as he ate a steak salad and garlic bread. He couldn't wait to try the new things he could see in the pitcher. The one he had created would fool a novice, but next time he had to create jewelry or something similar in silver, he was now sure he would do a much better job. He was thinking about starting a jewelry line. He didn't need to get richer, but he did need to have an artistic outlet.

He picked up his phone and found another picture. This one was of Brian. Justin had transferred it from his other phone. Damn, he wanted to call him. He wanted to hear his voice and, God, he wanted to feel his body. 

‘Justin Taylor, eat your dinner and then go to bed and in the morning you can head back to Pittsburgh and then call him.' Justin smiled at the thought. He turned on the TV and as he ate he made sure he hadn't made the news.

 

Brian lay in bed by himself. He liked Ted's new boyfriend, Blake. He had a past, but he liked him and he and Ted fit together well. He was glad he had run into Ted shortly after he arrived. They had hung out a little bit when he was in college but Ted had already graduated by then. Ted had helped him with numbers in this case. Where was the best place to hide money. What did it take to open that kind of account?  He was doing well as the COO for an advertising firm. As they ate, Blake and Ted told him how they met and how they had kept each other clean since they finished treatment. They made Brian swear not to tell anyone but they were looking for a place they could live together. What was he doing with his life? All he had ever wanted to do was travel. He got to do that but it was usually within the states. A time or two he had gone to Canada and Mexico, but he wanted to go where he wanted to go, not where his boss told him to. Maybe Justin would come with him and they could investigate stolen artwork together. Justin would definitely know a fake from the real thing. Did he really want to settle down with one person? As his friends found partners, he had realized maybe there really was someone special for each person. And if there was, he couldn't imagine anyone better than Justin, who nearly glowed just because of the life he had made for himself.

Justin couldn't stop himself. He picked up his burner phone and dialed Brian's number. 

"Hello? Who is this? It's too late for games." Justin listened to his voice and then hung up. "Sunshine, is that you?"

Justin hung up and sent all the pictures to the cloud before walking over to the ice bucket and dropped his phone into the now icy water.

"Tomorrow, Brian. In less than 24 hours hopefully, you and I will be in the same city, and hopefully the same bed. He hoped they didn't talk too much. All he wanted to do is love him.

 

Chapter 3 by Simply written

 

Brian was at the station before 9:00 the next morning. He had picked up pastries for the Captain and himself. The artifact was supposed to be picked up in half an hour. They were going to watch it leave and then spend the next five hours tracking it until the item was transferred to the new owners.  

"I may start worrying about you, Brian." He lifted one of the danish out of the box. "Thanks for this."

"What are you worrying about?"

"Brian, how long have we known each other?"

"Since I was fourteen when you wanted to arrest me, it's been sixteen years."

"How many boys and men have you been with in those sixteen years?"

"You don't really want to know the answer to that, do you?"

"No, but I do want to know about this guy that has you longing for his return."

"I think I told you. He works at an art gallery and came from New York City when the thefts stopped there."

"Now tell me about him."

"We just seem to have a lot in common."

"Like?"

"Fuck, Cap, I don't know what it is other than I miss him when I'm not with him. He is beautiful and smart. And it may sound weird, but he doesn't fall for my shit."

"Well, at least you're honest. Brian. You may have to admit that you have feelings for this guy." The computer screen came to life and an image from the museum in Philly appeared. "That wouldn't be so bad if he is as great a guy as you make him sound. You'll have to bring him over and the wife and I can see for ourselves."

Brian smiled, "Sure. And Angie would kill you if she heard you call her ‘the wife'." His voice tapered off as activity began on the screen.

 

Justin checked out after watching the van leave the museum. He didn't talk to anyone at the front desk, but after he got in his car and drove out of the city he did an online checkout. As he had figured, the counterfeit was accepted as authentic. It had been sealed in its shipping container and passed off. He had to smile. Sometimes it was just too easy to make $2M. He drove further out of the city before pulling over to the side of the road, where he pulled off his hairpiece. He combed his own hair and was glad it was laying alright. He tossed the wig on the seat behind him and got back on the turnpike. He sent a message to Brian. ‘I will be back this afternoon. Want to see you. Meet you at Babylon. Say around 9:00?' 

Brian received the text and replied. ‘Yes, and yes.' He then sent a second message that said, ‘Plan on leaving by midnight. I want you in bed.'

"Did you just say you wanted him in bed?"

"Ya, why?"

"How many times have you seen him?"

"You must remember, Harrison, men don't play the same games women do. We always put our physical needs first."

"But at some point you'll need something to keep the heart beating."

"That is sappy, even for you, although if I was straight I'd have fought you for Angie."

 

Justin arrived in Pittsburgh around 4:30. He went to his studio and stashed his go bag before he went to the kiln. He had wanted to see his sister's gift before he had left town but it was still a little too warm. Now the machine was completely cool to the touch. He opened it and pulled out the delicate figurine. It looked stunning. He could make money on these. He had the mold he had created for the first one so he would make a dozen or two and then add details to each of them, making each one unique. He was sure Emmett and George would sell them at the shop and they had connections that might sell a few, too. He didn't want to mass produce them. If these did well, he would create another set. 

As he left the studio, he could see selling a patent to one of the mass producers and make... his phone rang midthought and he answered it. "Hello, Brian."

"Hey, Sunshine. You made it back to town?"

"I did. Does 9:00 work for you?"

"Yes. I was just going to see if I could pick you up since you don't have a car, and I was hoping you would want to have a sleepover at my place."

"I'll bring a toothbrush and my jammies," Justin responded happily.

"Toothbrush sounds good but just leave the others at home. I have a spare robe."

"What do you have planned, Brian?"

"Anything you can imagine and then another thing or two. 9:00." And then he was gone.

 

At 9:00 Justin stood in the lobby. He had gone home, and after letting Emmett know he had made it back to town, he took a long bath and then relaxed as he watched the news. There was a short blurb on the local news about a Paul Revere exhibit opening later this month and that specific exhibits had started arriving. He wondered how long it would be before they realized it was a fake. He was fairly sure they would think it happened upon arrival and not at the other end. And Justin Taylor had been in New York, not Philly. He had called an acquaintance and let him know his apartment would be empty for a couple of days if he wanted to use it. That way if anyone did suspect him, his utilities would show someone was in his apartment. Neighbors would hear him. He was always prepared.

 

When Brian pulled up, Justin walked out with his satchel. It included toiletries and some fresh clothes for tomorrow. No pajamas. He threw it behind him and sat in the leather seat. Brian didn't say anything but reached out and pulled him in for a kiss. "Welcome back," Brian said as he drew back a little bit.

"It's good to be back."

"Can you tell me now where you went?"

"Sorry I couldn't tell you before. I actually just went back to the City to do some business, and I have learned that if friends know I am back, I don't get anything done I need to do."

"If they are friends..."

"I knew that was the wrong word. They are business acquaintances that want me to help with something."

"I get that." Brian pulled up to Babylon.

"I hope we can get in without waiting for an hour and a half."

"That isn't a problem."

"Are you saying you have connections?"

"I spent a lot of time here when I was young. I still know a lot of the employees. I let one of them know I hoped to bring a friend tonight and was told the bouncer would let us in at the side door."

Justin opened his door but before he could stand, Brian was offering his hand. "I can stand on my own," he said.

"I am sure that is true but then I couldn't do this..." Brian pressed the full length of his body against Justin who was supported by the car and kissed him. They both felt the burn deep in their bellies and their cocks reacted to the closeness. Then Brian took his hand and led the way to a small, almost hidden door near the rear of the building. "Have you been here before?"

"A few times, but as I am sure you have figured out, I am not the most sociable person. I have a few really great friends and love to go out with them but to go looking for this..." Brian tapped on the door and they were escorted into the noise and excitement of the club. 

"Well, tonight, you are with a friend and I don't plan to share you with anyone. Ted and Blake might be here in a while. Hope you don't mind that. You have met Ted, and Blake is his new man." They were still following the man who let them in and stopped at a table that said reserved right on the edge of the dance floor.

"That's fine and this is great."

"Let's sit long enough to order drinks and maybe by then Ted and Blake will be here."

Their drinks arrived at the same time Ted and Blake did. Introductions were made between Blake and Justin and then Brian and Justin went out on the floor.

It was like they had gone dancing together 100 times. Their bodies melded into one, predicting each other's every move. They stuck together except for a couple dances where Justin and Blake switched places and for one dance Justin and Blake danced together but when the music slowed down and Justin put his arms around Blake's neck, Brian and Ted appeared out of nowhere and claimed their dates. 

By the time the song ended Brian said, "Ready to go?"         

"Ya, we should say goodbye to Blake and Ted."

"No," he licked Justin's jaw and ended at his earlobe, gently sinking his teeth in. He whispered, "I want you now."

"How far is your apartment?" Justin asked as he slid his hands into the waist of Brian's pants.

"Ten minute drive, so if you don't want me to fuck you in the parking lot you better get your hands out of my pants."

 

Ten minutes later Brian pulled up in front of an extended stay hotel. "Oh, I forgot you don't have a permanent place." 

"Well, I actually just rented a place. Maybe you can help me move in and decorate it." Brian took Justin's hand as they walked into the hotel.

"Of course, I'd love that. Does that mean you plan to stay here?"

"Can we talk about that later?" He kissed Justin as he opened the door behind him.

They stepped into his suite. They were in a room that included a small kitchen and living area. Brian pulled his shirt off and mopped his face and chest with it. He tossed it onto the floor and took a step toward Justin, handing him a bottle of water he had taken out of the fridge. Justin opened it and took a swig. He then set it down and stepped closer to Brian. It was his turn to take the lead. He ran his tongue around Brian's nipple and then laid down a line of kisses loving the saltiness of his skin. Brian pulled Justin's shirt and only broke their kiss when the material had to pass between them. Justin reached out blindly and grabbed the bottle of water before grabbing Brian's waistband and tugged him to the bedroom.

Justin turned toward Brian and undid his fly. He tugged his jeans down, and as he dropped down to his knees he tugged Brian's briefs down to his ankles. He reached out, and gently taking his erection in his hand he let the growing member slide between his lips. As Justin's tongue circled the head, Brian shuttered. Justin continued until Brian pulled him up and kissed him.

Soon Justin's pants were crumpled on the floor next to Brian's and Justin was crushed on the mattress under Brian. Brian's head had traveled below Justin's waist and as he began to stroke Justin's dick, his other hand began to massage his perineum. Every move of one of Brian's hands sent a jolt through Justin's entire body. He arched so high he thought he was possessed.  Brian Kinney had claimed his soul. As he lost total control and cried out, someone in the next room pounded on the wall.                                                                     

Brian shouted in return, "Get used to it or ask for another room!"

Justin, still on a high from his climax, repositioned himself, giving Brian access to enter him.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Brian could still feel Justin spasming deep inside of his rectum and as he moved inside of him, Justin went over the edge again and this time Brian tumbled along with him. They talked and made love all night. It was nearly time for the sun to rise when they fell into a deep sleep.

 

Around 10:00 a.m. Brian's phone rang and buzzed several times. Justin finally shook Brian. "Hey, babe, your phone is going crazy. DId you miss a meeting? I didn't think you had to work today."

"I don't. Shit, what is going on?" He saw he had missed two calls and he had three texts. He sat up as he looked through the messages. "What the hell?"

"What is it?"

"You know that case I was working on." Brian turned on TV and flipped to local news.

"The possibility of theft as something was being transported?"

Brian only nodded as the reporter said, "No one seems to know when the nearly perfect counterfeit item could have been switched for the real one. Some are wondering if the Philadelphia exhibit ever had the real Paul Revere or just this fake."

Justin felt some pride at the reporter's comments. Nearly perfect was high praise.

"What's so funny?" Brian asked when he saw Justin smiling. He texted someone.

"Sorry, it had nothing to do with the story. I was just thinking about last night." He ran his hand down Brian's cheek. Brian kissed him and then looked at the latest message that came in.

"Shit, now I have to go to work." He got out of bed and moved toward the bathroom. "If you want to go home, I can drop you on the way."

"If you don't mind, after you leave I will shower and make my way to my place. I need to get some things for dinner." He looked at Brian, "Do you think you'll be able to make it? I understand if you can't. Just let me know."

Brian took a quick shower and then dressed with a bit of distraction from Justin, but by 10:45 Brian was on his way to the police station and Justin was standing in the stream of the shower letting the water beat down on his tired muscles. He let his mind wander to Brian's body and then remembered what he was wearing as he left moments earlier. He felt a little guilty and a little mad at himself. He would prefer not to be alone at the moment and it was his own fault he was.

Once he got out of the shower, he dried off and dressed. Brian really was thoughtful. Putting fresh clothing on felt much better than putting on the clothes that had been soaked in sweat last night. He put his clothes from last night into his bag. He picked up Brian's clothes and started to drop them in his clothes basket. Before he dropped the shirt he brought it up to his nose and took a deep breath through his nose. His cock instinctively reacted. How could someone's body give off such a sweet scent? It was a mix of Brian's natural musk and a hint of cologne he had used. Damn, he really had it bad for him. He was 26 and had never felt this way about anyone. Brian worked with the police, but he didn't get the idea that Brian was a black and white kind of guy, except maybe about his sexuality. He just couldn't picture him with a woman. He didn't want to. He didn't want to picture him with anyone other than himself. 

Justin tossed the shirt in the laundry and then left the hotel room. His first stop was going to be the studio and then he would pick up groceries and start preparing for tonight.

 

"It was counterfeit? Do they have any idea when the exchange could have been made?" Brian sipped the coffee in his hand and then tossed the cup in the trash and began a new pot.

"You're feeling at home, aren't you," Captain Harrison patted Brian's shoulder.

"That stuff was horrible and since you pulled me out of bed, I didn't have any coffee before coming over."

"And from the morning-after glow you have, I take it you had company? Do Angie and I get to meet this man?"

"Don't push it, and if I'm honest, it was my supervisor that got me out of bed."

"Did anyone know the last time the pitcher had been inspected?"

Brian opened his laptop as he said, "I should have the report by now." Brian opened his email and did a visual scan of the document. "It was definitely authenticated when it arrived in Philadelphia. It appears the curator looked at it when it was taken out of the exhibit and states it was the real thing."

"What are they doing on that end?"

Brian poured a fresh cup of coffee for both Cap and himself. "They are going through the CCTV footage to see if there is anything on it or anything that looks suspicious. What are they doing on this end?"

"They are doing about the same. They are checking that no one accessed the storage location since it arrived." He took a swallow of coffee, "This is much better than that other stuff. Sure we can't steal you away from the insurance company? We would hire you as a PI that did side jobs for us. I am sure they would match your wages."

"I'll have to think about that. I have to admit I have enjoyed being back," Brian saw the look on Cap's face and said, "and not because of Justin."

"I believe you. I think the older you get the more you want familiarity around you." 

"Other than you and a few memories, I really don't have roots here." Brian's computer let him know there was a new email and he looked at it. He read the short note. "They reviewed all the videos over the last week at the museum. They don't see anything out of the ordinary, but while watching it they did see how the system was flawed. The thief could have found that flaw and made the switch in the last week."

"So the insurance company is going to have to pay the Pittsburgh exhibit back." Brian nodded at Cap's words. "And what about you? Are you still on this one or will you be off to another investigation?"

"I'm staying here for now. I am taking a week or two off, but either way, I already rented a place for a year. This will be my home base."

"That makes me happy, Brian. Angie and I think of you as, well, we're too young to be your parents but maybe an uncle and aunt."

Brian walked over and laid his hand on Cap's shoulder, squeezing his shoulder. "I know I don't say it often but..."

"Cap, we are off the hook for this one. The theft occurred before it reached us." One of the young detectives said, rushing into the office. "Oh, sorry. Hope I didn't interrupt something."

Brian responded, "You just saved me from embarrassing myself." 

"I'll be out in a couple minutes. Can you pull all those involved into the conference room?"

"Sure, Cap." And he was off.

Cap stood and hugged Brian in a rare show of emotion. "When you're back from your break, let Angie know and the four of us can have dinner together."

"Sure. I'll do that." 

"Oh, Brian, where did you rent?"

"I got a loft downtown. It's in the area that is being rejuvenated near the river."

"Let me know if you need help moving anything." Captain Harrison called after Brian as he got on the elevator.

 

Justin entered his studio. He opened the computer he left there. He needed to see if the deposit had been distributed. When he had made his first $1M, he set up a scholarship fund. He couldn't say he felt guilty very often, but he also knew that there were a lot of people out there that may be working their tails off to go to school and work fast food or in a shop somewhere. Many of them ended up dropping out because it was just too hard. He set it up that funds would go to school, housing, and daycare. One of the main reasons he ended up living with his dad was because his mom was struggling to support herself and Molly. By the time she finally managed to finish a degree, he himself was starting college.

A bank back in Chicago managed the trust fund for him. He kept a close eye on the use of his funds, because none of his money would ever go to a student that didn't really need it. He had seen, too often, children of wealthy parents trying to get money from his scholarship funds.  Everytime that happened, Justin tracked down their real finances and more often than not, they would be his next mark. Then the true wealth of the person would come out. 

Justin had to smile, thinking about an extremely wealthy politician who tried to get aid from his organization. After very little research, Justin knew exactly what to do. He ended up taking something from the politician's office. The politician hadn't realized for more than a year that the painting hanging on the wall of his office was a replica. And by that time Justin had found a buyer and added more than $750,000 to his trust.

Justin spent about an hour reviewing reports and giving approval for the funds going out. Justin had set up the trust himself and created a pseudo business to run the funds through. He put in enough stops in the funds that it was hard to track, and there was no reason for anyone to track it as long as the trust was on the up and up. 

A text came in letting Justin know that his groceries were ready to be picked up any time at a small shop near his apartment. Justin texted back and said he would be there in about ten minutes. He carefully packaged Molly's gift and put it in his messenger bag, and after locking up the studio, he began his walk home.

 

Brian texted Justin around 3:00. He had been shopping for his new place. He sent several pictures of furniture he had bought and then sent two bedroom sets. A text followed saying his first choice was just too expensive, so which one of these two did he like best. Justin picked one, but as soon as they had decided that Brian would come over around 5:00 he called the furniture store. He told them to get Brian his first choice. He said to tell Brian a great sale just started and he could get it half price or whatever they had to do to make it the same price as his other choices. Justin gave them his card to pay the difference.

Once that was all settled, Justin began working on dinner. He picked up a rich chocolate mousse layered with white chocolate whipped cream and a sprinkling of slivered almonds. The rest he was making himself. He started with bread dough so it could rise and then he began to marinade his steak. He was prepping his vegetables when there was a knock on the door. 

Opening the door, Justin found Brian with two bouquets and a messenger bag of his own. He was in well worn jeans hanging low on his hips and a shirt that was obviously a favorite as well.  He kissed Justin lightly and handed him the flowers. "I couldn't decide on gardenias or roses so I got both."

"Oh, Brian, you shouldn't have. Daisies would have been fine but gardenias are my favorite." He walked to the kitchen and set down the flowers to pull out some vases. As he filled the containers he said, "I'm glad you didn't dress up. I just dressed comfortably too."

"Well, you did say you were cooking for me." Brian slipped his arms around Justin's waist and nuzzled his neck. "Thanks for straightening up this morning. I am guessing you did it because it wasn't a day for them to clean my room."

"It was," Justin turned and kissed him long and slow. "I was picking up my own clothes anyway." He turned back to his vegetables, "Give me a couple minutes and I will come and join you. Why don't you open a bottle of your choice." He pointed over to the wine. Justin put vegetables in the oven to roast along with the bread that was now ready for baking.

 

Plopping next to Brian on the sofa he said, "So can you tell me anything about the case?"

"They know it was lifted in Philly and it is closed."

"Wow, someone got it out of the exhibit?"

"It was after they pulled it from the exhibit and had it in storage. Whoever did it must have known where it was being kept."

"That's a clever thief."

"He always has been."

"Any clues?" Justin picked up his glass of wine and clinked with Brian's.

"None. Whoever he is, he never hurts anyone. He rarely even leaves any damage in his wake."

"Now that you have signed a lease, are you going to keep your job?"

"I don't know. I have been offered a job with the police. I still have my insurance job if I want it but I am taking time off. I hope we can go up to that cabin for a while. Can you take time off from work?"

"I don't think that will be a problem. Em and George hired me mainly because of my art expertise. If they have questions about anything that comes in they can call someone else."

"Is the insurance company upset?"

"Maybe a little, but I did my job. They did their job. The Philly museum may still have to fight for their money though, because their security was inadequate. Thankfully that isn't my department. Why do I feel like you know a hell of a lot more about me than I do about you?"

"Your life is much more exciting than mine lately. When can you move into your new place?"

"Oh, that reminds me," Brian got very animated. "I ended up getting my first choice of bedroom sets."

Justin looked surprised, "How did you manage that?"

"They called me about half an hour after I talked to you. They said they had just gotten word on a surprise sale. That set was cut in half. It will be delivered along with the rest of my stuff in about ten days."

"Can you put up with the hotel that long?"

"Um, I was going to wait and bring that up after another bottle or two of wine."

"Let me check on dinner and then tell me." Justin pulled the rolls out of the oven and stirred the potatoes around, sending the aroma through the apartment.

"That smells amazing!"

"Well, tell me about your living situation and then we can grill the steaks together." Justin sat down again but this time he stayed a little further away, and he turned to look at him.

"I had to move out of the hotel."

"Why?"

"Remember when I yelled at the occupants in the next room?" Justin smiled thinking about it. "The guy in the next room happened to be the CEO of a major company and they use the chain all the time, around the world."

"So you are homeless right now?"

"I wouldn't say homeless. I have my place in two weeks and I could also stay with my friends Cap and Angie. However...," Brian put a knee on the couch and crawled to the end where Justin sat. "I was hoping," Brian's hand went to Justin's crotch as his lips brushed against Justin's.

"Of course you can. It will only be a few nights before we go to the cabin and when we get back, we can work on your place." After another kiss Justin said, "Oh, and one other thing. I expect the same stunning service I have had from you regularly."

"I have no problem with that requirement," Brian started pushing him backward but the buzzer went off on the stove.

"Remember where we were." Justin pushed Brian back as he got off the sofa and went back to the kitchen.

Justin grilled the steaks to perfection while Brian lit several candles he found around the house after placing several of them on the table. The roses were the centerpiece and after placing a basket of the rolls and a bowl of salad, Justin brought a plate for each of them with the main dishes already on it. Brian pulled out Justin's chair and Justin sat as Brian pushed it in, accepting a kiss on his cheek and watched Brian sit next to him.

As they ate dinner Brian coaxed Justin into talking about himself. He told him about his mom and sister in California and how he tried to visit a couple times a year. He explained how he ended up with his dad because basically they split the kids because his mom couldn't afford both of them since his father didn't help with funds at all. 

"I am helping with Molly's education and Mom graduated a year before I did and is doing well now but I still like to help if I can."

"You must be doing very well if you can afford two apartments and help them out."

"I actually helped her get a scholarship so that is really how I helped.  I help her out when she needs a little extra."

Brian reached over and took Justin's hand. "You are a good brother and son. Do you still see your dad?"

"I have not spoken to him since I left for college. He spent a little time in prison and I have not heard anything from him since. I know you don't speak to your family anymore but are they still in the area?"

"Jack died a year or so ago and I did go to the funeral but that was the last time I saw any of my relatives and I hope to keep it that way."

Justin reached up and ran his fingers through Brian's hair, "I'm sorry you had to have a childhood like that."

"It doesn't sound like yours was much better."

"Maybe not, but at least I knew my mom loved me and now as an adult, she is always a phone call away." He leaned forward and Brian met him halfway. It was a gentle but needy kiss between them and it left them both wanting much more. "Dessert about midnight?" Justin asked as he stood and extended his hand. 

"Midnight sounds about right."

The lovemaking was slow and deliberate. They didn't only touch each other's bodies but this time they reached deep into each other's souls. They took their time and moved closer and closer to the pinnacle of ecstasy. As they both came, Brian looked him in the eyes and said, "Is this what love is like?"

"I don't know. I've never been in love." Justin laid his head down on Brian's chest.

"Do you think we can figure it out together?"

"I'm willing to try if you are." 

 

After dessert and another round of making love, Justin heard Brian snoring softly. Justin got out of bed, put on a robe, and after going to the bathroom, he walked into the kitchen. He grabbed a bottle of water and his phone, and went out onto his little balcony. He pressed a button and heard the line ring.

"Hey, Justin, are you calling for birthday present ideas?"

"Molly, I didn't wake you, did I?"

"No, bro. It is just after 10:00 here."

"Oh, I knew that."

"Justin, you sound different. You got a man in your bed?"

"I do. But even more importantly, I think he also got into my heart."

"Justin, are you trying to tell me you're in love?"

"I'm not sure, but I can't imagine living without him."

"Bring him out for my birthday so we can meet him."

"I'll think about it."

Molly heard another voice through the phone, "I wondered where you went. The bed was cooling off." 

She could then hear them kiss. "Love you, Justin. Let me know when your flight is."

"Love you, too, Molly," Justin said just before Brian disconnected the call and led Justin back to the bedroom.

 

Chapter 4 by Simply written

 

The next morning as they stood in the shower Brian asked, "That was your sister last night, wasn't it?"

"Ya, she wants me to come out for her birthday." Justin ran a bar of soap down his chest. 

"When is it?"

"I will fly out on Wednesday or Thursday and will probably be back Monday. You can stay here while I'm gone."

"Or, I could come with you." Brian turned Justin around so he could wash his back. His slippery soapy hands moved over every inch.

"You don't really want to meet my family, do you? I mean, then they will think this is a serious relationship."

"Oh, ya, well..." Brian's finger slid down the valley of his ass before the tip started teasing his bud. "We're friends, right? I haven't been to the West Coast for a while." Brian's finger was now stroking Justin's prostate.

"I don't shower with my friends very often, and they rarely stick their fingers in my ass." His voice lost power as Brian pushed him forward so he was supported against the shower wall as Brian massaged Justin's prostate until he came.

Brian whispered in his ear, "Ask me to come with you." Brian then realized he needed to say one more thing, "I'll pay my own way."

Justin actually laughed out loud, "Brian I can afford to pay for your ticket and," he turned around and pressed his body against him and acted as if he was going to kiss him but then moved his mouth to his ear. "Brian, come with me?"

His arms pulled him even closer and kissed him, "I'd love to."

 

They both had some things to do, so after lunch they went off separately. Justin promised to meet Brian at his new place at 4:00 so he could show him around. Brian wasn't sure where he should go but he needed to talk. He thought about Ted and Cap, but decided to talk to Angie instead. He took a chance and went to the house where he had spent so much time. He would go there when home wasn't safe during high school, and once he had gone to college, they always invited him for holidays.

As he pulled up, Brian could see Angie working in her garden. "How is the only woman in the world I would ever live with?"

"It is about time, beautiful boy. I kept telling that guy of mine to have you come over."

"Now that the case is done, I decided to stop by."

"Why don't you get us each a beer while I finish this row and then we can talk."

"If you are too busy..."

"Brian, you wouldn't have stopped if you didn't want to talk."

Ten minutes later Angie joined Brian on the screened in porch. "Are you ever going to get less handsome?" She kissed his cheek as she sat down and took a swig of beer,

"Angie, you only have ever had eyes for Cap and he has kept himself together."

"Only because I told him I'd have you move in if he let himself go." They both laughed. She then got serious and looked at him, "Brian, want to tell me about him?"

"You could tell it was a man just by looking at me?"

"That and the fact Cap told me."

The next ten minutes Brian rambled on and on about Justin. When he finally stopped talking Angie said, "So tell me how you really feel about him?" She reached over and put her hand on his knee. "Brian, you know you're in love, right?"

He jumped at her words. "I guess I kind of thought that might be what it was."

"Oh, Brian, I am so happy for you. You said he works part time at the Schickle Gallery but he can't make enough to live on from just that. From what you said, he doesn't have family money."

"He seems to have money. I know he sells some of his work. That must make him some money, and he also helps an organization with finances so maybe that is how he makes most of his living."

"If you don't know what he does, what do you two do when you're... I mean, I know what you do part of the time, but you can't do that all the time."

"Angie, yes, we are great together physically, but I am sure I have talked more to him than anyone other than you and Cap."

"Can you come to dinner tonight? We'll just grill and buy something for dessert."

"What time?"

"How about 7:00?"

"I think he will go for that. I need to meet him in a few minutes. I'll let you know by 4:30, one way or the other."

"That's fine." Angie said as she stood and hugged Brian.

"Did I mention we are going to California to meet his family next weekend?"

Angie just shook her head as she watched Brian walk back to his car and then he waved out the window as he pulled away.

 

"You're late. I was worried I got the address wrong." Justin tilted his head back and Brian kissed him.

"Sorry, I stopped by Cap's house and Angie just kept talking. Oh, we don't have plans for dinner, do we?"

"I like it that you assume we are having dinner together." Justin said slyly.

"Oh, I guess I was assuming..."

Justin kissed him again, "I really do like that you assumed. Maybe because I like your Ass and U like Mine."

"Aren't you clever," Brian said as he ran his hand over Justin's ass. "And you aren't lying. I love your ass."

Together they entered a building that looked more like a factory than an apartment. Brian opened a gate and together they stepped onto a manual elevator. "Bri, are you sure this is safe?"

"It may sound a little risky but it was just reviewed and approved for safety." It didn't take long to get to the second floor and Brian opened the gate and stepped up to something more like a barn door than the entrance to a home. Brian unlocked it and slid it open.  

Justin walked in without saying a word. He ran his hand over the kitchen counter and then moved up a couple steps into an area that he was sure would be used for the bedroom. "This place is amazing!" He stuck his head into the bathroom. "This bathroom is really nice, too." He turned and stepped right into Brian's arms.

"I'm hoping you'll help me christen the shower very soon."

"If we must," Justin laughed. "You mentioned dinner when you got here.  What have you planned for us?"

"Angie invited us to their place for a cookout. It won't be fancy but it will be good. We don't have to stay..."

"Brian, you're flying to California to meet my family. I would love to meet your friends."

"Justin Taylor, I love... that you're always willing to do things."

"What time? Do I need to change?"

"You absolutely do not need to change. Shit, I was supposed to let her know half an hour ago." Brian quickly called her. "Ang, we will be there at 7:00. Ya, I know. I got sidetracked." Brian listened and laughed. "See you in a couple hours."

"Are we still good?" Justin asked.

"Ya, there have been times when I didn't respond at all and showed up. She always had a plate for me." Brian got a wistful look.

"You really care about her, don't you."

"They have always been there for me. I don't know where I'd be without them."

"Well, then I am very grateful to them, too." Brian pulled him close and they enjoyed a long, unrushed kiss. "Hey, We have a little time. What should we bring with us tonight?"

"Bring with us?"

"Wine? Scotch? Beer?"

Brian laughed a little. "Oh, they will have plenty of beer. Angie will have a glass of wine sometimes but I think bourbon would be the best option. We all like that. I'm sure they have some but we can get them a nice bottle."

"Let's go shopping then!" Justin said as they descended in the elevator. 

Justin directed Brian to a small shopping center nearby. Justin first drug Brian into a small candle shop. As they walked through it Brian picked one up and looked at the price. This one was $89.99. "Holy shit, what are these candles made out of? Is there a diamond ring inside?"

"Trust me, Brian. The first time you smell one, you will think it is worth every penny. I have what I want. I have one for Angie, one for my apartment, one for my studio, and one for your new place." Brian pulled out his phone and looked at his bank account. "What are you doing?"

"I was going to transfer funds from savings to checking."

"Brian, I'm paying for this. I just had an infusion of cash. An art transaction." Justin felt a little guilty. He and Brian got far closer than he had expected in such a short time. He was going to have to tell Brian how he really made his money, or at least a version of the truth. "Time to hit the liquor store next door and then we can go. Oh, I need to grab some flowers, too. You go and start looking at the booze. I will be back in five."

Justin grabbed a bouquet and found Brian perusing the label of a bottle. "Sunshine, this place only has... Now I know why I never shopped here. I make good money but this place is out of my price range."

"I know it is extravagant but I want to make a good impression." Justin lifted a bottle off the shelf.  "This is one of my favorites. Let's take this one."

"My friends aren't used to this kind of stuff, Justin." 

"I promise, just this once."

"Ok." Brian walked to the door and waited for Justin to pay and then they walked out together. "You do realize that you just dropped maybe $600."

"I don't spend like that often but, for some reason, this feels like a special night."

"I am sure it will be." Brian opened the door for him and helped put the candles and bottle in the backseat before Justin sat down and Brian closed the door. He had to admit to himself he was a bit confused. They would have a conversation soon about what it was he actually did to make a living.

 

"Brian, I can't believe you picked up one of these candles for me. I have been in that shop at least a dozen times but just could figure out a way to explain to Cap how I spent that much for something that looks and smells pretty."

"Angie, you know damn well I had nothing to do with this."

"Oh, I knew that, but I was wondering if you would admit it," Angie looped her arm in Justin's.  "Want to hear all about Brian's awkward years?"

"Definitely!" Justin went inside with Angie while Cap and Brian manned the grill.

"I know I have only known him for 10 minutes, but Brian, keep this one." Cap dropped steaks on the grill. "By the way, did you get some kind of bonus? I have looked at that brand of liquor, and absolutely couldn't justify it."

"Don't look at me. I knew Justin had enough money, but all of a sudden today he didn't hesitate spending that kind of money. He dropped over $500 in less than an hour." Cap looked at him in the way only a good friend could look at you. "I know I have spent that kind of money but not on booze and candles."

"I knew what you meant. He is a very good looking man. I can see what you see in him."

"I can't believe I am saying this, but, it's not just the way he looks."

They continued talking about the cabin and California while they worked with the grill.

Inside the house Justin was chopping vegetables for a salad. "Brian really loves you two.  Thanks for taking such good care of him. I'm kind of fond of him."

"I have never seen Brian look at someone like he looks at you and I can see what attracted him at first but I can also see what kept him interested. I have always worried about him finding someone. Our place was the closest thing to a home that he ever had. He told me your home life wasn't great although you have a wonderful mom and sister. You seem like the perfect man for him."

Justin's face was serious when he turned toward Angie. "Do you really think so, Angie?"

"I do." She smiled and pulled Justin into her arms just as the door opened.

"Ang, are you trying to get Justin to switch sides? I hate to tell you but I don't think that is in his DNA." Brian walked over and, as Justin and Angie each took a step back, Brian kissed Angie's cheek before kissing Justin much more intimately.

When they separated Justin said, "Angie was just telling me about your adolescence."

"Oh, god, and I have been trying to forget that time of my life." Brian's arm held Justin close to his side. "I'm supposed to tell you the meat will be done in five minutes and then they will rest a few so in ten to fifteen minutes it will be time to eat."

"Great," Angie smiled, seeing her pseudo son so happy. "Justin, if you can throw that all together in the bowl, you can set it on the table. Brian, there is salad dressing in the fridge door.  Please set them on the table. Oh, and grab the pitcher of water." She reached around Brian and took a bottle of red wine out and opened it after putting a dish of potatoes in the oven to stay warm.

Ten minutes later they were sitting at the table. Brian and Justin on one side and Angie and Cap on the other. Everyone enjoyed the meal and the company. They laughed about the first night Cap and Brian met. He was fourteen and had been drinking."

"Brian? Drink too much?" Justin laughed. "I shouldn't say that. You have never really gotten drunk."

Angie looked lovingly at Cap and then Brian, "He has matured, not that he didn't get drunk after that."

"But he was a lot safer after that," Cap added as he stuck another piece of steak in his mouth. When he had swallowed it, he asked, "So Justin, what exactly is your profession. I know you have an art degree and you work at the gallery but I think Brian also said you have a degree in finance and do something in that field." Cap sat back, letting his food settle.

"I manage a scholarship fund."

"You do?" Brian was surprised.

"I just manage the funds that come in for the trust. You knew I had another job." Justin tried to brush it off so Brian didn't ask too many questions.

Brian saw the look on his face. "Oh, ya, I just didn't know it was working for a trust. I guess we have found better things to do without time when we're together," Brian put an arm around Justin, and Justin leaned into his side.

"I wouldn't argue that," Justin said to him.

"Let's go have dessert on the screened in porch," Angie suggested. "Cap, you stay here and help me carry. Brian and Justin, you're in charge of pouring the drinks out there." Brian picked up the bottle and Justin carried a small tray with four glasses. 

As they walked outside, Brian flipped a switch and soft jazz filled the air. As soon as they set their items down, Brian pulled Justin into his arms and they swayed to the music. "You'll need to tell me more about this job you have."

"It is pretty boring, but we will have plenty of time." Justin's hand moved to the back of Brian's head as he guided his head down to meet his lips.

Cap and Angie stood at the door watching them kiss. "I like him, and Brian is madly in love with him," Angie said.

"That is pretty obvious. I just hope he is on the up and up. Can you really make that kind of money working for a small trust?"

"Cap, I know you just want to protect him, but Brian has always been a good judge of character.  He just chose not to use it until recently." Angie opened the door and walked out with Cap right behind her.

Later as they got in the car Justin said, "They are great! I can see why you love them." 

Brian looked over at him, a little surprised. "Ya, we don't talk like that much, but I do love them." 

 

The next week Brian and Justin were busy getting Brian's apartment ready. As the furniture arrived, Justin helped Brian arrange the furniture and place the decor. Justin looked at one of the blank walls. "Bri, I want to paint something for this spot. May I?"

"Of course! I would love to have an original Justin Taylor. Can I afford it? What will it cost?"

"I plan to take it out in trade," Justin said as he undid Brian's fly.

"I am at your beck and call."

"Shall we see if the bed is comfortable?"

"I thought you would never ask!" Brian stopped talking as they moved into the bedroom space. "I still can't believe this bed was marked down more than 50%."

"You must have been there on the perfect day. It is perfect for this space." Justin started crawling across the bed to the side Brian was standing on. It turned into a free for all. Clothes were thrown everywhere and as Brian lay on his back, Justin sank down onto Brian's erection. 

Justin was in total control. He rocked slowly at first, meeting Brian's mouth as he strained for more contact. He began to speed up and then slowed down again. As it got more difficult for both of them to remain in control, Brian took Justin's hips and their pace synchronized. It didn't take long before Justin arched back and Brian had a shower of cum. He caught some of it in his mouth but most of it landed on his chest. Justin contracted around Brian as he, too, climaxed.

Brian pulled Justin down so he lay on Brian's sticky chest. Brian smirked as he purposely slid Justin over his own spunk. Brian slipped out of him and they rolled from one side of bed to the other. After playing for a half hour and making love once more, they moved from the bedroom to the bath and into the large shower. Brian wrapped an arm around Justin and pushed his head back gently with his other hand. "Justin, I love... having you here with me. I think it is definitely big enough for both of us. Move in with me."

Justin nearly blurted out yes but caught himself, "Brian, I'm not sure we're ready for that. I mean, you really don't know me." He turned away from Brian. "Can we talk about it after our trip to California? I mean we fly out tomorrow and then the next weekend we are going to Em and George's cabin. I told you they said it was fine to go next weekend right?" He grabbed shampoo and put some in his hand and then his hair.

Brian stood there staring at his lovely back and perfect ass and then took a deep breath. He was probably right. They hadn't known each other for a month yet. And Justin really didn't know who he was yet. They had never had the talk about what Justin really did. He walked up behind him and wrapped his arms around him.

"I shouldn't have done that. There is no pushing here. We can talk about this after the trips or in six months. I think we both have a feeling this might be something special and if it is supposed to be, it will be when the time is right."

"Thank you," Justin said softly. He turned into Brian's arms. "I do think this is something... but I just ... You really don't know me yet."

"I feel like I know enough, but when you're ready..." Brian's lips brushed Justin's and then he slowly deepened it. Justin pulled away slightly and looking at Brian's eyes, he started to turn around. "Are you sure?" Brian asked.

Justin nodded slightly and then, as Brian's arm came around his waist, he rested an arm and his cheek on the cool glass and as the man he loved, and yes, he loved Brian, moved inside of him, he knew he had to be ready to move again if he had read him wrong.

 

After they were both dressed, they were going to return to Justin's. Brian pulled out his phone and checked messages. "Damn, I need to call my boss at the insurance agency. Do you mind going down to the car? I'll be there in five minutes, I promise." He handed the car keys to him and kissed his cheek.

Justin moved out of the loft and took the steps down to the ground level. He hadn't been looking for a new job yet but he had noticed he had an email waiting in his work account. He knew it was probably the same message Brian was checking on right now. Glancing at it he saw it would be an easy job. He had a little time to make a decision. He would wait and see what Brian said had to say.

"You can still come to Cali with me, can't you?" Justin asked as Brian got behind the wheel.

"There is nothing that will stop that. It is something that will wait until next week when we get back and I don't think it is anything that will take more than a day or two of work. It is nothing like the Paul Revere pitcher."

"Oh, good. I get the feeling that you enjoy what you do, but not necessarily who you do it for."

"I don't mind what you do but you're right. I love the research, the investigation, but I don't like listening to the whiny rich getting richer. I hated that the last occurred. It was real history."

"But did you know that item had been stolen from the Revere family years ago?"

"What? I didn't know that but why do you know that?"

Shit, had he said too much. He changed the subject. "I think I better warn you about something."

"Can it wait until we get into the apartment?" Brian asked as he pulled into the garage under the building. "All of a sudden I am starving."

"Sure, what are we going to order?" 

"I hope you don't mind, I ordered Chinese before I got in the car."

"That's good." 

As they got out of the car they walked past Justin's car. "Whoever owns that car is wasting it. I don't think it has moved all week. If I had a Maserati GranTurismo, I would take it out every day. I'd love to take you for a ride. I swear the color of the car is the same color as your eyes."

Justin smiled slightly. "I happen to know the owner. Maybe he will let us take it up to the mountains when we go. I don't think the cabin is so remote that we need four wheel drive."

"Are you joking? You know the guy well enough to let you borrow a car worth $130,000."

"I think he would, and it is actually $150,000. It has a lot of extras."

"Damn," Brian walked backward for a few steps so he could keep looking at it before they entered the building. They stopped by the front desk where the food was just dropped off and arm in arm they walked onto the elevator. "You're serious about the car?"

"Yes, Brian," Justin kissed him playfully. Once in the apartment he got some chopsticks, napkins, and beer before sitting down near Brian at the kitchen counter bar. As they ate they talked about the time they were leaving in the morning and what they would need to take along.

"Sunshine, you have the tickets and everything, right? I'm not used to not being in charge."

"If we keep hanging together, you are going to have to get used to me doing some of it. And since we're talking about the trip, tomorrow we are taking a private jet."

"We're what?"

"George really set it up. Em had a big purchase that had to be sent out there anyway so George had me arrange it."

"When have you been doing all this? We have been together so much of the time."

"It just took a couple emails and texts. We'll leave here around 10:00 and get to the small airport about 10:45. We will be in the air between 11:30 and noon. George's plane looks spectacular. It is about a 5 hour flight so with the time change, we will land at about 2:00 pm Pacific time."

Brian just sat there listening. If he had to admit it, he was just amazed at this man. He was never predictable, and so far, it didn't seem like anything was too much for him, except maybe moving in together. 

"Brian," Justin reached out and stroked his inner arm, sending a shiver through him, "You trust me, don't you?"

"Of course I do." Brian kissed him lightly. "You know that isn't easy for me, right? I just don't trust easily."

Deep in his soul Justin felt a warmth run through him. "I know that, Brian, and I don't want you to think I don't trust you. I just hope you aren't disappointed in me."

"I could never be disappointed with you, Justin." 

As they cleaned up the food and finished getting packed Justin couldn't stop thinking about what Brian said. He wished that was true, but he was afraid that Brian would not be able to understand what he did and he knew that if Brian couldn't accept it, he would never love someone again.

 

Brian got up and made a pot of coffee. He tried to be quiet. Justin had tossed and turned all night so he wanted to let him sleep. He wondered if he was just excited about the trip or was there something else? He got the vibe yesterday that something was bothering him but he didn't want to stress him out by asking him. He had made it clear that he needed a little time and space and he was going to give it to him. It was almost 8:30 when Brian heard Justin approach.  He was sitting on the little balcony with his third cup of coffee.

Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and kissed his cheek from behind. "Is there any of that in the pot for me?"

"I just made a fresh pot."

Justin returned with a mug and sat on Brian's lap before taking his first sip. "You should have woken me up."

"Why? You have plenty of time yet. Everything Ok? You didn't sleep well."

"I'm sorry. If you know that, then I kept you awake, too."

"I slept fine. I just could tell you were awake when I turned over."

"You could have let me know you were awake," Justin kissed him. "Maybe a little exercise would have gotten me settled."

"Excited to see your family? How long has it been?"

"It's been about six months. I went out there for Christmas." He stood up and offered his hand to Brian, who stood and took it. "I want to show you Molly's gift."

"Did you say you hoped to make more of them and try to sell them?"

"Yes, I use a mold but then I will personalize each one. No two will be identical in the first run," he set his much down and opened the gift, unwrapping it carefully, "and if they sell well, I may sell the copyright to have them massed produced although little things like this," he handed it to Brian, "aren't selling real well right now."

Brian held it carefully, not wanting to break it. He looked at all the details and finally said, "This is stunning, Justin.  How do you do that?"

"I just start with a basic image and start adding to it. If Molly reacts well, I will make a couple dozen and see how they sell."

"How much will something like this sell for?"

"I'm not sure but I have found something similar that was selling for $1500 and it did not have the detail or finish I have on this."

"It really is a work of art. $1500. I'm not saying it isn't worth that, but it's not something everyone could afford."

"I am thinking they will be special. This has many things that are specific to Molly. The others will have a theme so only specific people will be attracted to each one. It's a stupid idea, isn't it?"

"Justin, this isn't just a little knick knack. This is truly a work of art." He carefully handed it back to Justin who repacked it. 

"I am going to tie a ribbon on this. Want to start the shower? We don't have time for a lot of play but we need to be clean." He winked at Brian. "I'll be right there."

"And I will be waiting." 

 

At 10:00 Brian and Justin took the elevator down to the lobby where a town car was waiting to take them to the small commuter airport on the edge of the city. Once they were settled on the small plane, they watched the crate from the gallery being loaded in the cargo bay. The pilot then asked them to put on their seatbelts. He also let them know that once they were in the air he would let them know when it was safe to get out of their seats and that they could then help themselves to lunch which could be found in the small kitchenette.

Once they had been given permission to get up, Brian went to the kitchen and found a picnic basket and he found a bottle of wine in the fridge as well as bottles of water. They sat across from each other as they ate. Justin gave Brian a few more details about his mom and Molly. 

"Brian, since we have time and won't be interrupted until it is time to land, I thought I'd tell you a little bit about the trust I manage."

"I'd love to learn about that," Brian reached out and took one of his hands.

Justin's lack of sleep last night was caused by going over and over what he could tell Brian. He had finally decided to tell Brian most everything except the fact that the money was all from him.  He spoke of the trust setup and that he managed where the funds went. "I bet if you wanted to work for the trust you could. I always have to find someone to look into the student asking for the funds."

"What kind of information do you look at? I'm sure schools send the records."

"They will, but the trust isn't set up for the smartest students. It was set up for the students that couldn't afford to go on to college but were willing to work hard and do the best they can to make something of themselves. Do you know how many kids have to work two jobs to make enough money to take classes only to be too tired to continue."

"It sounds like a wonderful organization.

"It really is. I get a good wage for keeping the trust going."

"Is that how you can afford to do what you did the night we went to Angie and Cap's?"

"I lived off my artwork for a while. That way I could always invest that salary and then I make a couple great choices and, I'm still careful how I invest, but now I can enjoy life when I want to."

Justin told Brian a little more, but then the conversation started dying away when their lips were pressed together more than they were separate. When the pilot let them know they needed to sit down and belt in, they both reached over to the other's cocks and stroked them until they both came and they quickly cleaned themselves off as the wheels touched down.

"Are you ready to meet my family? I hope you like them. I think you'll  get along well."

"If they are anything like you, I'll love them."

 

Chapter 5 by Simply written

 

Justin had rented a convertible and had made arrangements for the car to be waiting. Once everything was stowed in the trunk and Brian had his seatbelt on in the passenger seat, Justin took off. He maneuvered the car like a race driver as he moved in and out of traffic. 

"I have never seen you drive but it is obvious you have done plenty of it."

"Ya, I have had a car for years. As soon as I was out of college I started looking, and thanks to Mom co-signing, I got a Honda Civic." He chuckled, "It was gray so you can imagine how much it stood out."

"What do you drive now, a Toyota Camry?" Brian rested his head back against the headrest and laughed as he soaked up the sun.

"You look relaxed." Justin reached over and touched Brian's cheek.

"It has been a long time since I have just relaxed and let someone else take control." He took Justin's hand and kissed it. "It is rare that I feel this kind of calm. I know you have my back and I have yours."

"It's more than your back I want."

"Well, I think it is obvious we have the physical part down to perfection. I just don't usually find someone that is..."

"So much like you? Brian, we had to raise ourselves in a lot of ways. Please, don't say anything like that around my mom though. It hurts her so much. I know she tried to get me back. I'm glad Molly had a much better life."

"Damn, will you quit saying things like that. I feel like a real ass when you do. My sister had it better than I did, but every day I wished she would suffer like me. I know now it was because she was compliant. She just did what they wanted her to."

"And she has a great family and is in love with a wonderful..."

"Ok, I get the point. She is a miserable schlub. And I am in California with nothing to worry about." Brian's tone changed at the last part of the sentence.

"What would you have to worry about? Is it that call you got yesterday? Are they pressing you to get involved?"

"I don't plan to spend any time thinking about it while I'm here, but I can tell you that the offer Cap made me is sounding better all the time."

"If you took that job, you would be based in Pittsburgh all the time, right?"

"I guess I might have to travel from time to time, but most of the time I would be there."

"I like the idea of that. It has been a long time since I felt like I had a real home and for some reason I feel at home there."

"For some reason?" Brian's hand rested on Justin's upper thigh.

Justin pulled off the freeway and they were immediately in a quiet neighborhood. Justin handed his phone to Brian and said, "Can you text Molly and tell her we are 15 minutes away."

"Sure. Let's see, Molly, after your brother stops ravaging my body, we'll be there. Give us about 15 minutes.' And send."

"You didn't really say that, did you?"

"No, but I do hope that happens later."

"We are stopping to say hi and then going to our hotel, where we should have plenty of time for ravaging before we meet them for dinner."

"That sounds good to me."

Justin slowed down and pulled into the driveway of a newer middle class home. Molly ran out and as Justin parked and got out to give her a hug she said, "You got done ravaging very quickly."

Brian stood with a smirk on his face as Justin glared at him, "Brian, you..." he hugged Molly tightly, "He told me he didn't really send that."

Molly whispered, "I'd be spending all my time ravaging that body."

"Funny, little sister. As beautiful as you are, he isn't interested." He turned around, "Molly, this is my friend, Brian Kinney. Brian, this is Molly. She's the one you lied to moments ago."

"Nice to meet you, Molly." Brian gave her a hug and kissed his cheek.

"Great to meet you, too."

"Where's Mom?" Justin asked.

"She should be home in about thirty minutes. She sold a house yesterday and they are doing the final paperwork today. She will be home in time to put the lasagna in the oven."

"Mom makes great lasagna and it is one of my favorites," Justin commented. "Molly, I know we just got here but we really want to check into the hotel now so then we can enjoy the evening and not have to worry about our reservations.

A split second of disappointment crossed her face but then she smiled. "Of course you do." She hugged him. I am so glad you are here," she turned to Brian, "you, too."

Brian smiled at her, "I'm glad to be here, too." He put an arm around Justin's waist and kissed him lightly before opening the door on the driver's side and offering his hand as Justin got in.

"Do you know what time Mom plans on eating?"

"I'll let you know if it changes but plan on being here between 6:00 and 6:30."

"We'll be here, Mol." Justin waved and felt a little bad leaving her in the drive but they did need to check in and even more than that, he needed Brian. Just seeing his interaction with Molly turned him on. Brian was not perfect, but he was the perfect man for him. 

Justin pulled up to the Ritz Carlton. He turned the car over to the valet and hotel staff grabbed the luggage for them. "Mr. Taylor, Mr. Kinney, if you will follow me I will bring you to your suite."

"Suite? You got us a suite? We need a suite?" 

They entered the suite and were left alone. "We didn't need more than a bed and a shower inside but follow me."

"Anywhere." Brian said as he put his hands on Justin's hips and followed him out onto the balcony.

"We didn't need the suite, but we needed this." Justin extended both his hands and Brian looked out over the edge of the cliff and could see the waves rolling in, one after the other, and, although he couldn't see it, he could hear the waves crash against the sheer walls far below.

Brian's arms went around Justin's shoulders and pulled him against his chest. "Wow," was all he got out before Justin turned around and brought his mouth to Brian's jaw and brushed his lips along it to his ear. 

"Brian, I want to make love right here, right now."

For the first time Brian noticed the size of the balcony and the large lounge chair with a small table sitting to the side. Without any words, he pulled Justin's shirt off over his head and Justin did the same with his. It wasn't long before they stood in only their briefs and then they both dropped them to their ankles as they stepped out of them, and together went down on the lounge.

Brian ran his tongue down Justin's torso and fluttered in and out of his navel before moving lower. Soon Justin was thrusting into his mouth and when he couldn't wait any longer he got a handful of Brian's hair and gently pulled him up. His tongue greedily plunging into Brian's mouth.

Brian began to position Justin to enter him when he realized he didn't have a condom on him. "Shit, I need a rubber."

"Open the drawer in the table," Justin said as turned his back to Brian positioning himself. He heard the wrapper open and then he felt Brian's heat as he positioned himself behind him. With Brian's previous attention, it only took Brian pushing into him and he climaxed, but Brian wasn't ready to stop. He continued to slide in and out and the friction he was causing on Justin's prostate he was soon getting hard again. 

Brian began to slam into him now and brought his mouth to Justin's ear as he came a second time. He said, "I love you, Justin. Please don't say anything. I just needed to tell you."

As Brian dozed off, Justin felt his breath and again thought of the words he had said. Brian loved him. Justin whispered, "I hope you still do when you know the whole truth."

 

"You are right. This has to be the best view in the whole place. It might be the best view in the state." Brian said as he walked back into the suite. Justin was just hanging up the phone. "Are you ready to go?"

"Ya, I just called for the car." They got on the elevator and Justin continued, "Brian, I know you will get along with Mom, and Molly already wishes you were straight. Please just don't bring up my time in Chicago. If she brings something up, follow my lead." They stepped off the elevator and found the car waiting.

Once in the car, Brian responded, "I won't say anything. Anything else I should or shouldn't say?"

"No. Mom's great. You will like her, so just go with the flow."

Ten minutes later, Justin was pulling into the driveway and Jenn came rushing out the door. "Justin!" Brian watched Justin turn into the young boy. He rushed into the arms of his mom. At that moment he fell more in love with him and yet felt a pang of longing to have a mother that loved him.

"Mom, it is so good to see you." He kissed her cheek. "I hear you sold a house. Did it have a good commission?"

"It did! I am on track to have my best year ever."

As they talked, Brian got out of the car and walked up behind Justin and put his hand in the middle of his back. "Oh, Mom, this is Brian." Justin turned to Brian who stepped up a bit and offered his hand.

Jenn stepped closer and wrapped her arms around Brian's shoulders and kissed his cheek. "Brian, we were being rude. I'm glad you could come along with Justin. He hasn't brought a lot of friends home." Jenn linked arms with Brian and Justin and they walked to the house.

"I hope you're both hungry." Jenn said as they entered the house. Brian looked around. It had looked like a nice house from the outside but once inside it was comfortable and elegant all at the same time. "Molly has the wine poured." 

There was a charcuterie board on the counter so as Jenn and Molly finished a few preparations everyone munched and talked.  Brian told them the basics of his early life but focused on Cap and Angie.

"They are a great couple," Justin said.

"You've already met them?"

"Yes, they had us for dinner."

Brian smiled at Justin, "He made a good impression as always."

"Let's sit, the food is ready."

The next hour they ate and chatted. Brian realized Justin was right. He really liked Justin's family. Molly was bright and as quick as Justin, and Jennifer was what everyone wanted in a mother, but more importantly, as a friend. As the meal finished Molly started whispering with Justin.

"Molly, why don't you take your brother out back and you two can talk. Brian will help me clear the table."

Justin looked at Brian questioningly and he smiled, "That sounds like a great idea." He draped an arm around Jenn's shoulders and said, "Do I have questions!"

Justin walked over and kissed his mom's cheek and then gave Brian a kiss. Brian wrapped his free arm around Justin's waist and lengthened the kiss a few moments. He didn't make it uncomfortably long. Brian let him go, winking playfully before Justin and Molly walked out to the back.

"We'll bring dessert and coffee out in a bit," Jenn said as they left the house.

Once her children were outside Brian and Jenn began to clear the table. Brian loaded the dishwasher as Jenn put leftovers away. It only took a few moments for Jenn to start talking. "So Brian, tell me what your intentions are with my son." She looked at Brian's stunned face and started to laugh. "I have always wanted to say that." Brian's relief was obvious. "But, seriously, Justin doesn't make attachments. The fact he mentioned you to both me and Molly and now has brought you here, is so unlike him. I just wanted you to know that. My very self assured and successful son can do anything except believe he is worthy of happiness. You make him happy." 

"Jenn," Brian shut the dishwasher and took one of her hands, "I want you to know I would never hurt him. I know we have only known each other a little while but I see how special he is. I have never felt like this before. I hope I haven't pushed him too fast."

"It may be quick, but I think the feeling is mutual."

"I don't know if you can answer this but, I feel like he is keeping something from me.  I know he has a good job and wait until you see what he made Molly for her birthday, but it just seems like he is hiding something."               

"I don't push Justin. I don't have that right. He was basically abandoned but he still had the heart to come back to us." 

Brian put his arms around Jenn and softly said, "Justin knows you did all you could. He doesn't blame you for anything." After a few moments Brian said, "Sounds like the coffee is done."

"Can you get the cups down?" She pointed to a cabinet, "And I'll get the dessert out."             

 

"How does it feel to be nearly done with college?"

"Exciting and scary at the same time."

"Are you planning to stay around here?"

"Yes, I like California and I can't leave Mom. I think it would be fun to do some traveling. Do you know of a job for me?"

"The scholarship trust that helped with your schooling is getting bigger and I might be able to use some help, if you think that sounds interesting. I could give them your information. They wanted to open an office on the west coast. You could be a part of that."

"Would I get to work with you?"

"Of course. I would come about three or four times a year and we would talk at least once a week."

"What would I be doing?" 

"You would be managing some of the accounts. You would read through applications and decide what ones were worth moving on. You have a good sense for people. This job takes heart and smarts and you have both."

"I like that idea. Can I think about it?"

"Of course." Justin hugged her.

"Now, this gorgeous man you brought home, when did you know you loved him?"

"Love? Molly we have only known..."

"Don't lie to me. You just said I was good at reading people."

"I have to admit, I have never felt like this about anyone before. We both grew up fast and had a few run ins when we were young."

"I am so glad you realized that wasn't going to get you anywhere. I don't know if I could handle not seeing you."

Justin felt guilty. If Molly knew he was the only contributor to the trust and how he made the money, she would be devastated. 

"Dessert, anyone?" Brian said as he and Jenn walked out. Brian carried a tray and empty mugs while Jenn carried a pot of fresh coffee. Jenn poured the coffee and Justin and Brian sat next to each other while Jenn and Molly sat in chairs on the other side of a low serving table. Brian kissed Justin's cheek before leaning over and taking a plate for each of them, handing one to Justin. 

Molly told Jenn about Justin's job offer as they ate the rich chocolate and cream layered with moist cake and berries. "This is so good," Brian said as he ate the last bite. "I think we will need to take a run on the beach tomorrow before doing anything else." He ran his hand along Justin's thigh as he relaxed back.

Justin turned to him and kissed him, "Oh, I might be able to think of another way to burn off the excess calories," he said and then flushed, remembering they were with his mom and sister, not on their own. "I must be getting tired. We are three hours ahead of you."

"Justin, please help me bring this stuff in and we can get a nightcap for everyone." Jenn held out her hand and Justin stood and took it but then slipped his arm around her waist.

As he opened the door he said, "I'm sorry, Mom. I..."

"I was young once, and if your father would have looked like him, I would have never left the asshole." Justin smiled. His mom didn't swear very often but every time her ex was mentioned she couldn't stop herself. "I like him, sweetheart. I like him very much."

Justin hugged her tightly but didn't say anything for a minute then said, "Mom, so do I but I am not sure I am ready for this. I have a plan and this isn't supposed to happen for about ten years. I just don't think..."

"Honey, stop thinking just once and let your heart take the lead."

"Mom," before Justin could say more, Brian and Molly walked in.

"It is starting to get gusty out there. You better put the top up on the car," Molly said.

"Actually, I am really tired. I think we should just go back to the hotel." Justin glanced at Jenn and she smiled.

"I am sure the two of you are tired. What are the plans for tomorrow?"

"How about we come over around 11:00 and then we can decide what to do for the day." Justin kissed Molly's cheek, "And you get to choose what we do for dinner. It is your birthday party."

"Anywhere?"

"Yes, Mol, anywhere. Now, we'll see you in the morning."

Together they got the top up on the car just in time. The heavens opened up and it poured. 

Justin looked over the top of the car and then he rushed around the car and flung himself into Brian's arms. Justin's mouth found Brian's and heat shot through both of them. "I love you, Brian. I have never felt like this before. I can't imagine living without you but I'm not sure you'll feel the same way later so I tried not to love you. I tried, but it didn't work. I can't not love you!"

"Justin, will you get in the car? You're getting soaked." Justin snapped out of his daze and got in the car. "Where did you go? You looked a thousand miles away."

"Sorry, I was just thinking about Molly turning 21. We missed so much time together. I want this to be a perfect day for her." Justin pulled out of the drive and headed back to the hotel.

"Did you really offer her a job?"

"The trust is looking for someone else and I know we would work well together. I think it would be good for both of us."

They were quiet the rest of the way to the hotel and walked in, arms around each others' waists. They both got out of their damp clothes and slipped on t-shirts and shorts. Once they settled in next to each other, Brian pulled Justin close, "What happened out on the driveway?" He kissed his temple. "You seemed very far away." 

"I guess I just was thinking about a lot of things. Molly isn't little anymore and it would be great if she worked with me, but then I started wondering if I should have done that. I know she could get a job in almost any company. Maybe she'll hate it and be afraid to tell me because she doesn't want to disappoint me."

Brian's hand traveled under the hem of the shirt, wanting to feel his skin. "I don't think you have that kind of relationship. She'd tell you. Just like I'd tell you when I wanted to make love with you." Brian's hand went below the waistband of the shorts and said, "I want to make love with you, Justin." Brian rolled so he had Justin's shoulder pinned to the mattress as his fingers wrapped around Justin's cock. 

Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's neck. "I want you to love me."

Brian caught the difference. Justin didn't say he wanted to make love, although that was implied. Justin wanted Brian's love. He was willing to do anything to earn Justin's in return. He could feel Justin responding to his touch and moved to position himself. Justin put his ankles over Brian's shoulders and Brian entered him as he claimed Justin's mouth. Buried deep in his heat, he focused on Justin's mouth and neck. He didn't move below the waist but it wasn't long before Justin began to move toward him, letting him know it was time to move. Brian kept it slow, and as the passion peaked for both of them they tumbled slowly down the other side, holding each other tightly until both had come back to earth and then Brian tucked in behind Justin and they were soon sound asleep.

The sky was just lightening, when Brian said, "You awake?"

"Ya," Justin rolled over into Brian's arms. "The time difference messes with me."

"So what do you expect Molly will want to do today?"

"I really don't know." He kissed Brian's chin. "She might want to do something outside. It is supposed to be a great day. She might want to go to a beach somewhere or take a trip to San Francisco. That could be fun."

"You're right. There is a lot to do there."

"But, if I had to guess, she'll want to stay around here."

"It doesn't matter. Your family gets to be together."

"You're right."

Brian's mouth ran along his shoulder, "Does your dad ever show up or contact her?"

"It has been a few years, as far as I know. When she was young I reminded him to send a birthday gift and a Christmas present."

"Of course you did. You are such a good brother."

"I'm really not, Brian. You really don't know who I am."

"Well, why don't you tell me who you really are?"

"Not this weekend. This weekend is for Molly and for fun. Next weekend, when we are in the mountains, we will have time to talk about all that."

"You know, no matter what you tell me, I'll still love you." Brian's hand wandered over Justin's flesh.

Justin grasped Brian's face and kissed him. Justin's feelings flowed from him to Brian. He then said, "Do you think the hot tub and pool is open?"

"I think it said it opened at 6:00 so by the time we get down there, it will be."

"Let's go. A dip in the pool and then the hot tub to loosen some muscles."

"I could use that and I could use a little exercise to work off that meal last night."

"Brian, you always look great. You always will."

"I'll have to look good with you by my side," he said as he got out of bed and pulled his trunks out of his bag as he moved into the bathroom.

 

Brian and Justin spent time in the pool and spa and then had a light breakfast up in the suite. Molly had texted while they were out of the room. She said, ‘Be here at 10:00. Dress for hiking. You will have time to go back and change before dinner.'

"Hope you are ready for hiking," Justin commented after reading the message out loud.

Brian slipped his arms around Justin, "There are better ways to work up a sweat." His tongue traveled down Justin's neck.

"We might have time for a shower and a, um, quick workout."

"Damn, I love you!" He swatted Justin's ass and they both rushed to the bathroom.

 

They pulled up to the house at 10:05. "You're late!" Molly called as she and Jenn walked out. "We're taking Mom's SUV. Brian, help Mom load. I need to talk to Justin." Molly grabbed Justin and drug him to the side of the house. 

Brian stood with a grin on his face. Jenn smiled, "Sorry. She really does have manners." Jenn handed Brian a cooler bag and she carried another bag that had food in it.

"Jenn, Molly's reaction made me happier than you could know."

"Why is that?"

"Because it made me feel like I'm part of the family." Brian set the cooler in the back of the vehicle and took the bag from her and set it down next to it.

"Is that a possibility? Will you be part of the family?"

"It is early, Jenn, but if I had my way, I'd already be scheduling a date." 

Jenn hugged him, "Just be careful with my son. I know he is a grown man but he will always be my boy."

"I'd rather kill myself than to see him hurt."

"I can see that, but don't do that. That would also hurt him."

 

"Molly, what's got you wound up?"

"It's Dad. He emailed me. I'm surprised he even remembered it was my birthday. You didn't remind him, did you?"

He put his hands on her shoulders, "I haven't had any contact with him since you graduated from high school. I was already worried he might be around for your graduation."

"No, he won't be there. I'm going to tell him not to contact me again. I am going to close down the email account he uses. He has never helped me with anything in my life." Molly's voice was strong but it wobbled slightly.

Justin pulled her close and kissed her head. "I'm so sorry, Molly.  He is such an ass."

"I'm good. Really, I am. Let's go! We are going to hike a trail and have a picnic lunch."

Justin took her hand, "Well, let's go!" 

 

Justin drove with Molly sitting up front to navigate while Brian and Jenn sat in the back. It was about an hour hike but it wasn't a hard hike. It was a gentle incline most of the time. They took turns carrying the lunch bags, but Brian and Justin had them most of the time. By the time they arrived at the spot Molly had chosen, they were all ready for some rest and food. The view was spectacular. They could see the ocean in one direction and a valley with rolling hills the other way. 

After spreading a couple blankets out, they shared the meal. They had fruit, chips, and sandwiches, with cookies for dessert. There was plenty of water for everyone to keep hydrated.  Brian and Justin stretched out on one of the blankets while Molly responded to birthday texts and Jenn checked up on some work emails.

Brian and Justin lay close, talking softly. "Maybe next year Molly and Jenn can come to Pennsylvania for her birthday or even New York City."

"So you see us together next year?"

"Sunshine, I see us together in 50 years. I wish you would tell me what is holding you back, because you know as well as I do how great we are together."

"Can we just enjoy it for now? If you feel the same way after our trip to the cabin, we can start looking forward." Justin kissed him and then dropped his head on Brian's chest and listened to his heart beat as he drifted off. He pictured Brian much older sitting in a backyard and he was sitting next to him. This would work out. It had to. This was meant to be.

 

It was about 4:30 when Brian and Justin returned to the hotel. It had been an enjoyable day. Brian loved Justin's family.  Molly was young and had all the hope for the future someone that age had. Jenn was the perfect mom, a great mix of responsibility, as well as fun. He was sure Molly always knew her mom was there for her.

"Earth to Kinney!" Justin said as they took the elevator up to their suite.

He pulled Justin close, "I was just trying to decide who I loved more, you or your mom and sister." Brian's hand moved to Justin's ass as his mouth lowered. As Justin stretched to meet his lips the elevator stopped and the door opened.

"Well, hello!" A good looking young man who worked for the hotel stood there. He whistled softly. "You aren't looking for a third are you?"

"Sorry," Justin smiled at him. They separated and, as they walked on either side of him, Brian winked at Justin and they both kissed one of his cheeks and then reached for each other's hands as they walked to the suite.

"We have time to try out that big tub don't we?" Brian asked as he stripped off his shirt.

"I definitely need to clean up." He pulled his shirt off, too. "I think I brought along a lot of the trail." He moved into the bathroom and started the water and then started undressing the rest of the way. Brian walked in already naked and stepped in, sinking into the water with a sigh. Justin followed him in and sat in the opposite direction. "This is a big tub. I don't know if I've ever been in one like this."

"It is almost like a lounge. I think these were more popular in the 70's but I am not complaining." Brian took Justin's foot and began to massage it, adding pressure on the arch. He saw Justin cringe a little. "Too much?"

"No, not at all. It feels amazing." Justin laid his head back and closed his eyes.

"Did you manage to get reservations for dinner?" Brian asked as his hands rubbed Justin's calves.

"Ya, we're set. Molly is going to be surprised. We are going to the place that she mentioned but knew we couldn't get a reservation anymore."

"So how did you manage that?" Brian switched to Justin's other foot.

"I had the reservations made over two months ago."

"How'd you manage that? You didn't decide to come until about ten days ago."

"I reserved a table for four every Saturday for a month. Once we had the date settled I canceled all the rest. It just took a little money for them to do it for me."

"You are the best brother I have ever met. I'm glad Molly realizes it." Brian let go of the foot and began to move up Justin's body. He kissed him deeply when he got to his mouth. "I think we will hold off on that until we get back tonight."

"That's a good idea." Justin's hand moved down Brian's chest and tangled his fingers in Brian's pubic hair for just a moment. "I hate to leave already tomorrow. We have tickets on a 10:00 am flight."

"No private plane?" Brian said as he sat next to Justin now.

"No. George's pilot needed to get back so we will say goodbye tonight."

Brian pulled Justin into his arms. "That has to be hard for you."

"Yes, but not as bad as it used to be. There are video calls and I can afford to fly out now." He gently bit Brian's chin and smiled at him. "We better get moving. We have to wear our suits tonight."

"Will Molly dress up?"

"Mom will make sure she dresses well. She actually bought her a dress that she has wanted for a long time so she will definitely wear that." He stood up and offered his hand to Brian. Together they stepped out of the tub.

At 6:00 pm Brian and Justin stepped onto the elevator. They had been surprised that the suits they wore were nearly identical. The major difference was Brian was wearing a simple white button down while Justin's had a hint of blue and a very subtle blue stripe. As the doors opened somewhere on the floor below, the same man was standing there. He brought his hands up to his heart and said, "Go on without me. My heart and eyes can't handle it."

Brian and Justin had to laugh the rest of the way down. Justin had Molly's gift in a small bag and held it in his hand. Brian slipped an arm around his waist and said, "She is going to love it." They walked out the front door and there was a limo waiting for them. The driver opened the door for them and they both got in the backseat before the car pulled out into traffic.

"I'm glad we can enjoy ourselves tonight. This makes it so much nicer for us." Justin squeezed Brian's hand.

 

As Justin expected, Molly was wearing her new dress and when she realized where they were eating, she nearly hugged him to unconsciousness. The rest of the evening went as well. She loved his gift and she even gave him a couple suggestions for the line he would now be starting.

The food couldn't have been any better, and since Justin had told them it was Molly's birthday,  They brought out a cake with candles but after she blew them out, she stood and looked at Brian. "Dance with me?"

"I'd be honored," he said as he led her out to the dance floor. It was a slower song and Brian held her close enough for them to talk. "I have a feeling you have something to say to me."

"I knew this is the only way I could talk to you alone since you are leaving tomorrow."

"I'm glad I met you, Molly. I hope I'll see you more when you start working with Sunshine."

"Sunshine? I think I heard you call him that once before. Where did that come from?"

"He brightens my life. Molly, do you know what he's hiding?"

"No. But I know he has his secrets. It's because of our asshole father. Justin bore the worst of that and I am not sure what he did to get through it." She stepped a little closer and kissed his cheek, "Brian, whatever it is or was, please hear him out. Understand the situation."

"You sound like he has told you some things."

"I really don't. All I know is he is the best brother imaginable and I don't want him hurt. I know you love him and I can tell you, he's worth anything that he may have done."

"I love him, Molly. I don't plan to go anywhere unless he tells me to."

"That's all I needed to hear. Now, I am going to dance with my brother before we head home.  Mom likes to dance." She said over her shoulder as they walked back to the table.

As Brian and Jenn danced, having about the same conversation he had with Molly, she was dancing with Justin. "Justin, you aren't going to chase this one off, so tell him everything you have going on in your life and tell him you love him already! I know you do."

"I hope it is that simple, Mol. I wasn't sure I was ready for something permanent but I guess sometimes we don't choose the time."

"You better tell me when you make it official."

"Molly, I don't know if I even want to get married."

"Justin, making it official just means you know it is the real thing."

"I will Molly. So do you really like the gift?"

"Bro, that is a work of art. I can't believe I have the original prototype for something that will be mass produced."

"I have to find a producer for them first, but I have a company that has been asking me to do something like this, so I am guessing they will take the line on."

"You deserve all of this, Justin." She kissed his cheek. "Thank you for making this such a special birthday."

"You deserve it, Molly. You are so beautiful and smart."

"This from my gay brother who is one of the smartest people I have ever met." They finished the song and Molly said, "It is time to go eat some cake and then go home. You have a flight in the morning and I am going out with friends in the afternoon."

 

There were hugs and kisses as the limo dropped Molly and Jenn off and then Brian and Justin were driven back to the hotel. Brian gave the driver a tip before they went back to the suite. Brian could tell Justin was deep in thought so he let him think. When they both managed to get packed and had everything ready for the morning flight, they fell into bed.

Brian came up behind him and pulled him close. "I love you, Justin. Let's get some sleep."

"I have other things planned before we do any sleeping." Justin turned over and immediately moved down Brian's body and took him into his mouth.

"Who knew? I seem to be awake, too."

For the next two hours they pleasured each other, until they fell asleep in exhaustion, arms and legs entwined feeling content and ready to face the world together.

 

Chapter 6 by Simply written

 

Brian and Justin had arrived home to an extremely busy week. Brian had tried to talk Justin into staying at the loft that night but Justin had said he had too much to catch up on and they could talk about it after the trip to the cabin. He also let Brian know that he would be very busy this week but he would be ready to go on Thursday afternoon at 3:30. That would get them to the cabin before dark and they were planning to stay until early the next week.

On Monday morning Brian went straight to the police department to discuss the theft they were both made aware of. Brian grabbed some doughnuts on his way in and when he walked into Cap's office with the box, Cap looked very stressed. "You look like you could use one of these."

"Shit, this is all a mess. Please tell me you are coming to work for me full time. I got your salary cleared with the higher ups. You would be a contracted worker with bonuses for each case you help clear."

"I have a conference call with the insurance company later today. Unless they give me a significant raise over what you are offering, I'm in. Now, Cap, do you want to tell me what is really bothering you? The look on your face does not suggest this is about work."

"Brian, remember Angie was forcing me to go to the doctor?"

R"It seems to me your job was also requiring it. Do you need me to go along and hold your hand?" Brian said playfully but then he looked at his friend and sobered. "You have already seen the doctor." He said flatly.

"I have stage 3 colon cancer. Damn, Brian, why didn't I go when she started nagging me." Brian walked around the desk and placed a hand on Cap's shoulder. He didn't dare say anything at the moment. His thoughts paralyzed him at the moment. Nothing could happen to Cap. He was invincible. What would Angie do? "I go to a specialist on Wednesday to get the plan together."

"Cap, I don't know what to say. I..."

"Brian, just promise me you will always be there for Angie if something happens to me."

"First of all, you are too tough a shit to get beaten, but you don't ever have to worry about Ang. I will always be there for her."

"That's all I need to know. Now, let's eat doughnuts before I fill you in on the theft we were warned about."

 

By the time Brian had gotten to the police station, Justin had been at his studio for hours. As usual he had left his phone at the apartment. He reviewed the plans of the building where an original drawing by Paul Cadmus was housed. It wasn't like most of his acquisitions. This one had a personal connection. This artwork had been taken from him because it was considered deviant, because the subject was two men in love. Now they were selling it, rather than giving it back to his family. Justin was going to return it to them. After it had been given back to its rightful owner, Justin was done with this part of his life. He wanted to work on his art, and beyond that, if Brian would still have him, he wanted to see if he could make it work for the two of them.

Once he had the recovery planned, he went to his own artwork. He had already received an email from the company that wanted to make his figurines. They were very impressed by what they had seen and they would get together next month when Justin had more of the originals created. He turned on some music and started creating more molds.

 

Brian called Justin and texted him throughout the day but he didn't get a response. From the station he had gone to find Angie. When he had walked up to her office the receptionist nodded and said, "I don't know what is going on, but you can always make her smile." He walked into her office and wondered how many times he had just dropped by. Usually he needed some advice or just a place he felt wanted, but today he was here to see if she needed him or did he really just need her again.

Angie looked up and immediately stood and walked into Brian's arms. He wrapped them around her and held her tightly until he felt her stop trembling. Softly he said, "Cap is going to be fine. We both know he is too stubborn to leave us."

She pulled away, "Brian, I am just so mad at him. I have been telling him to go to the doctor for two years. Would he listen? No. And now he is going to probably need surgery and then other treatment and..." The tears started now. "If he doesn't make it I...."

Brian pulled her close again. "We'll make it through this. We will all come out in the end and I'll be by your side all the way."

After pulling herself together, she walked over to the small refrigerator behind her desk and pulled out two cream sodas. Brian took one from her and smiled, "You know I really never liked this stuff." He took a big swallow, "But I love you so I always drank it and now I actually kind of like it because it always reminds me of one of the women I love."

"One of the women? You always told me I was the only woman in your life. Does this have something to do with Justin?"

"I love him and his family. I met his mom and sister and they couldn't be more wonderful."

"I'm so happy for you. When do you go up to that cabin you were talking about?"

"It was supposed to be this weekend but with Cap..."

"You aren't changing your plans. I am sure nothing is going to happen for a couple weeks. We will let you know his treatment plan once we have it, and I promise, I am going to have you doing all kinds of things for me so go enjoy yourself while you can."

"I'll be there." Brian finished his soda and stood. "I think reception stinks at the cabin so I'll be in touch as soon as I am back in town."

"Brian, we love you."

"I love you, too." He kissed the top of her head and walked out. Once he was in his car he called and texted Justin again. He even stopped by Justin's apartment. He let himself in but found it empty. The first thing he saw was Justin's cell phone plugged into the charger. He dug up a piece of paper and a pen. He wrote ‘Where the hell are you! I need you.' He locked the door again before leaving.

 

Justin had worked most of Monday and Tuesday without a break. He hadn't gone back to his apartment or looked at his phone. He was in a zone. He had made a dozen basic molds for and they were now setting. On Wednesday he spent the day going over final details for his acquisition. By tomorrow, he would have the art stowed safely at the studio and he would run to the apartment to pack and be ready for the trip to the mountains. He really wanted to talk to Brian. No, he really wanted to see him, to touch him, but that would be way too much of a distraction.

 

By Wednesday, Brian had called Molly. "Hey, have you heard from your brother?"

"No, not since the two of you left, but he always disappears. He doesn't let it go more than a week but I never worry until then."

"Damn! I left him a note on Monday. Do you have any idea where his studio is?"

"Sorry, Brian, I don't. Is something wrong?"

"Fuck, yes, I need him!" The line was silent for several seconds. "I'm sorry, Molly. None of this is your fault. I better go." He disconnected, and lifted a bottle of whiskey to his lips but set it back down. Where the hell was he? I thought when you loved someone... Then he remembered. Justin had never said he loved him. Was it just wishful thinking that he felt the same way? He set the bottle down and walked to the bedroom. He pulled out a suitcase and started packing. What if Justin never came back? He would rather die than think about that.

 

Justin left the studio at 1:00 am. Everything was going well until he left the building. He entered the building without tripping security and found the drawing, which was small enough to put in his messenger bag, exactly where he expected it. Then he managed to exit with no alarms. The problem occurred when a stray cat tripped him up a couple blocks from his apartment. As he sat up on the sidewalk he quickly checked the drawing and was relieved to see there was no damage to it but when he tried to stand up he found he wasn't so lucky. He had to get off the street. If someone saw him they may put something together when they realized the picture was gone. It wasn't broken but his knee wasn't happy. He knew he needed to go to the ER to have it looked at in case it was more than a sprain.  

He saw light ahead and then remembered the diner on the corner. He limped his way over there and, once inside, he dropped into a booth. At that point he could see his knee was already swelling. A server came to the table, "What can I get for you? When you walked in, it looked like you were having a rough night."

"A stray tripped me and something happened to my knee. Could I have a cup of coffee?"

"Maybe the cat didn't see you. You look like someone who usually likes a little more color. Can I get you a bag of ice with that coffee?"

"That would be great, thanks." She came back moments later with a bag of ice and a pot of coffee with a cup. The ice felt good on his knee but it had already about doubled in size. After a few cups of coffee, and the ice, he decided he had to get back to the studio and then to his apartment somehow. He moved slowly down the sidewalk and when he arrived at the studio, he realized he couldn't make it up the flight of stairs. He stashed the painting in a locked closet and then set the alarm for the building. He was glad he had driven here. He drove back to his apartment and once he had parked, he took the elevator up to his floor. By now it was after 4:00 and all he wanted to do was sleep. He didn't even notice the note on the counter when he pulled a bottle of water out of the fridge and went to the bedroom, collapsing in his black clothes and falling asleep instantly.

Justin woke to a ringing phone. He managed to get out of bed, and using his packed suitcase for support, he managed to get to the counter just as the phone cut off. He saw it was Brian and, after sitting down, he called him back.

"Where the hell have you been?" Brian sounded angry. "I have been trying to get you since Monday." 

For the first time Justin saw the note. "Oh, you were actually here. I'm sorry. I told you I would be working on my art."

"I didn't know that would mean days with not even a text."

For a moment Justin's need for coffee made him forget about his knee until the pain shot through him and he cried out in pain. "Fuck!"

"Justin, are you there? Are you Ok?" Now the tone had changed and the worry came through.

"I hurt my knee last night. A cat tripped me on my way home. I was going to head to Urgent  Care and hope I could get done before I needed to meet you this afternoon."

"I'll be there in 15 minutes. Don't do anything until I'm there to help you."

"Brian, I'm sorry..." but he was talking to no one.

Before Brian got there he managed to get off the floor and get a cup of coffee made. When Brian came through the door, he looked like he hadn't slept or eaten all week. "Oh god, Justin, your knee." He could see it was double normal size. "I called the doctor the insurance company works with. They are expecting us in half an hour. You tripped over a cat?"

"Brian, I'm sorry you were worried."

"We need to go," Brian said and helped him up. He supported him to the elevator and then to his car. Once they were on the road to the doctor's office. As he pulled out he asked, "Is there a reason you are dressed like a cat burglar?"

"For the first time Justin realized he was still in his work clothes from last night.

"Oh, I wear them for work sometimes."

"I guess it hides stuff," Brian said without looking at him but as he stopped at a red light he turned to Justin and asked, "Where the hell have you been all week?"

Justin reached over and touched Brian's hand, "Your note said you needed me. I'm so sorry I wasn't there. What was it? Your messages..." 

Brian pulled into a parking lot and stopped the car. He got out and stuck his head back in the car. "I'll get a chair." He shut the door and disappeared into the building. He came back and as he helped Justin out, he looked into Justin's eyes and said, "Cap has cancer."

"Oh, Brian," Justin's arms went around Brian's neck. "How bad is it?" He ran his hand through Brian's hair.

"They're ready for you. They are squeezing it in so we don't want to make them wait." Justin could see Brian's pain now. He knew he had caused some of that and yet, once the doctor came in he Brian held Justin's hand as the doctor manipulated his knee.

"You lucked out, Justin," the doctor said. "It was over extended in a direction a knee doesn't go. They are getting you a brace that will be needed for a couple weeks and I will be giving you an anti-inflammatory for the swelling. I thought you might like a cane, also. I hear you are heading to the country and there may be some rougher paths up there." He smiled, "Not that you should be walking much."

"I'll make sure that he stays off of it," Brian said.

"I had a feeling you would," the doctor smiled.

Ten minutes later, Justin had a bottle of medication, a brace, and a cane. "Thank you. This feels much better already."

"Put ice on it for about fifteen minutes every hour when you're awake until the swelling is gone.  Keep the brace on 23 hours a day for the first three days. That paper the nurse gave you with the medication explains everything."

 

Brian helped Justin into the car and then walked around and got in behind the wheel. "Brian, tell me about Cap. How serious is it? Should we stay home? We could stay home if you want to."

"All I know is it is colon cancer. Monday they should have results." Brian reached over and touched his cheek. "How's the pain?"

"Keeping it stabilized has already helped a lot. Thank you for all of this, Brian. I forget that you aren't used to being with an artist. I get absorbed, and I had an offer right away for the line of figurines and I lost all track of time. I created 12 new molds."

"I guess I understood that, but I didn't realize that you wouldn't even have your phone with you."

"It's just a habit I got into. I promise, I won't leave it home again. I can't promise I will respond right away but I will check it regularly."

"You could just tell me where your studio is."

Justin changed the subject, "Did you have your meeting with your employers?"

"I did and they actually aren't my employers anymore. I now officially work for the police department."

He didn't know if he should ask but Justin went for it, "Did anything come of that case you had the call about before we went to California?"

"After I heard about Cap I told them they needed to find another investigator."

"Can you tell me what it was?"

"It was some artwork that was considered inappropriate back in the early 20th century."

"I know what you're talking about. Paul Cadmus drew mostly gay men. I studied his work in college. He was never accepted because of his material. That picture was taken down at a gallery and never returned to him or his family. Now someone was going to make a lot of money off of something that didn't belong to them."

"Wow, I didn't know any of that. So it is really a stolen painting?"

"They don't like to think of it like that, but yes, it was."

Brian pulled into the underground garage below Justin's apartment, letting Justin off at the door and parking next to the Maserati he hoped they were taking this weekend. He locked up his own car and jogged over to Justin, who was waiting for him. For the first time that week, Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and Brian immediately pulled him close and when their lips touched they melted into each other.

"I missed you," Brian said as they stepped onto the elevator.

"I know being with an artist isn't easy. I do understand now why I need to take my phone with me and I will from now on."

"You couldn't have known all that would happen. I didn't either. I wasn't clear on why I was stressed either." The doors opened and they stepped out onto Justin's floor and then entered his apartment. "Do you need help packing?"

"I actually packed early. I had a feeling I would get into one of my grooves."

"Why don't you take a nap or at least rest your leg while I go home and pack and..."

"How about we get lunch first? I haven't eaten anything since... I am not sure when I ate, and you don't look like you have eaten either."

"You're right. I'm starving all of the sudden. You sit and put your leg up and I will go to the deli next door."

"That sounds perfect. Ask for extra pickles and their homemade chips." 

"I'll be back soon." He lightly kissed Justin before heading out of the apartment.

Justin sat down on the sofa and put his feet up on the sofa and soon he was sound asleep. When Brian returned twenty minutes later he found Justin snoring lightly. He set the food down and went to pull a couple bottles of water out of the refrigerator. He brought them back to the sofa and gently squeezed Justin's shoulder, "Sunshine, I have lunch."

Justin's eyes fluttered open and he smiled, "I've missed your face." His hand moved up Brian's thigh and grazed his fly. "I guess I have missed a couple other things, too."

They both began to relax as they ate. By the time they got to the cookies Brian had picked up they were feeling much better.

"Brian, have you started packing?"

"I am basically done. I just need to close the case, I think."

"Then why don't we take the GranTurismo over and I'll just stay in the car while you grab your stuff."

"Your neighbor really said we could take it?"

"Brian, it's my car."

"WHAT? Why didn't you tell me that in the first place?"

"Somehow you got the idea I didn't have a car and I didn't know you all that well when you kept talking about it. I just didn't want you to know I owned something like that."

"Now I am really wondering how you get paid." He glanced at Justin, "I know, we'll talk about it at the cabin."

"Yes, we have a lot to talk about. Do you mind helping with my suitcase?"

 

Less than an hour later they were on their way. As they moved from the city to the open road, Brian started seeing what the car could do. Justin had to smile, looking at Brian. He was like a small boy with a new toy. "What are you staring at?" Brian asked.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself so much."

"If I owned this car, I would drive it everyday."

"You are welcome to, if you want to." 

Brian reached over and took his hand. "I really have missed you. You are going to move in once we go home, aren't you?"

"If you want me to." Justin turned around and pulled an ice pack out of a bag in the back and put it on his knee.

"Is the knee feeling any better?"

"All I have been doing is sitting so I'm not sure but I can see the swelling has gone down a little, thanks to the ice."

"It's not going to interrupt our activities is it?"

Justin brought Brian's hand to his lips and kissed each knuckle. "It may have to be a little less strenuous but I see no reason we can't enjoy ourselves." As he let go of Brian's hand, he placed his own on Brian's inner thigh. "Looks, or should I say, feels like you may have missed me a bit, too." His fingers brushed Brian's fly

"Damn, how much further?"

"In a mile and a half we will leave this road. Then we have about 10 miles up a small highway before we get to the drive." Justin looked out the window. "It really is gorgeous out here. Em was right. I can see why they like it up here. George has had so much negative press. It isn't right that his family hates Em."

"I agree. I can't imagine having to marry a woman just to make my business succeed." Brian shivered for effect. We have a long way to go but we've come a long way, too."

Fifteen minutes later Brian turned into the drive. There was a gate that said, ‘The Pickle Palace'. Justin smiled. "At least we know we are in the right place."

Brian punched the code they had been given and the gates opened and then closed behind them. "Have you seen pictures of this cabin? I just realized I have no idea what it is like. For all we know it could be a one room..." Brian stopped and his mouth dropped open. 

"I think there is more than one room," Justin said as a mansion came into view. "It looks like we will have lots of space to enjoy."

"I just realized we didn't bring any food and I am a rotten cook."

"The caretakers were going to bring in supplies. There are supposed to be some prepared dinners as well as things for breakfast, and lunch. Emmett thought of everything and considering I can't be on my feet too long, this will work."

"Sunshine, just stay where you are for now. Let me unlock the door and take in some of the bags. The path is a little bumpy so I don't want you trying it on your own."

"Brian, I can..." Brian looked at him with concern, "I'll wait for you here." As Justin watched him carry in the bags, his heart was almost overwhelmed. He remembered stories Em had told him about a young, arrogant Brian Kinney. The cockiness was still there most of the time, but his caring side always showed up. He still felt horrible he hadn't been there for him when he got the news about Cap. He had always said he would not have his phone at the studio but this has changed that. And if the conversation went well this weekend, he would be moving into the flat and he would tell Brian that he had checked into renting part of the building for his studio. That was giving up his privacy for his work, but if all went as planned, by the time they got home, Brian would know his secret and some of that privacy wouldn't be needed.

He jumped when Brian opened the door. "You ready? I didn't mean to surprise you."

"I was just thinking ahead." Justin took Brian's hand and, with his support, got out of the car. He swore under his breath when he put some weight on his leg. Brian immediately took some of the pressure off that leg. "I'm fine," he looked up and kissed him. "It was just immobility. It had stiffened up."

"As long as you aren't in too much pain I'm enjoying this," Brian's mouth touched Justin's and their tongues began to explore. 

Once they made it inside, Justin glanced around. "I think we need to do some exploring. Oh, look, there's a little map of the place. "

Brian looked at the paper and pointed to the bedroom. "I think we should bring our things to the bedroom and then I think you should rest that knee."

"I think the bedroom is definitely our first stop." He turned toward his suitcase.

"I have them." Brian said as they moved down the hall that led to the master suite.

"Brian look at this." There was an ice bucket with a bottle of top shelf vodka chilling. "There's a note." 

Brian picked up the card and read, "Hope this hits the spot. From Em and George. P.S. Help yourself to any of the wine in the cellar." He looked at the vodka, "I think this will do just fine but right now, I think you need to lay down for a while."

"Only if you lay down with me."

"You couldn't stop me." He helped Justin take off his shirt and lie down on his side with a pillow between his legs to support his knee. He made sure he was comfortable before he pulled off his own shirt and laid down behind him, spooning up behind him.

"How is Angie handling the diagnosis?"

"She blames herself because she didn't force him to go to the doctor. Cap blames himself for causing her pain because he shouldn't have put it off." Brian hugged Justin even closer. "I'm not sure what Ang would do without him. They are the best couple I know."

"She's a strong woman and he is strong as well. He will make it."

Brian carefully rolled Justin onto his back and then unbuttoned the button on his fly, and then slowly unzipped it. Very gently he tugged the pants down. Once he was past his banged up knee, he pulled them off quickly and tossed them. Justin started to roll over slowly but Brian stopped him by bringing his mouth to Justin's inner thigh. He spent the next half hour licking, nipping, and kissing Justin and, eventually, took him in his mouth and although Justin wanted to explode, Brian slowly teased every drop out of him. 

"Brian," Justin said almost in a whisper, "That was ..."

Before he could figure out what to say, Brian stood up and got them each a glass of vodka. Justin sat up and covered himself up. He accepted a glass as Brian sat next to him. Brian put an arm around Justin, and Justin leaned against him. In silence they drank the liquor.

"I should probably go check on what we have for dinner." Brian started standing.

"I'm going to help. I need to move a little. I promise I will sit on one of the stools I saw there. Could you pull the athletic pants out and the t-shirt?"

Brian found what he had asked for and helped him get the pant leg on over the brace. When he was dressed, Brian helped him up and handed him his cane.  

 

Justin looked at the notes for their dinner and gave directions to Brian as he sat by the counter. "It smells good. I'll set the table."

"No, you won't. Just stay right there. At least I have something beautiful to look at." He kissed Justin's nose as he walked past with plates and silverware.

"May I pick out the wine? I'll have to stand to do that."

"Smartass. Smart and very amazing ass." Brian ran his hand over Justin's firm backside as Justin walked to the wine fridge. 

"Oh, they have some good stuff here." Justin pulled out a bottle and hobbled over to the table without his cane. "Is it ready?"

Brian carried over a couple dishes and set them on the table. He went back to the kitchen and brought a pitcher of water with him and sat down at the other place. "I hope I did alright. It really smells good."

"You did a great job. It didn't take you long to get the hang of it."

They ate in silence for a while but Brian kept looking at Justin, knowing he had something he wanted to say. Eventually he said, "You sure knew a lot about that sketch. You must have studied that in college."

"I did study that era. He wasn't the only artist who had work stolen at that time. They treated men like us like we had the plague or something."

"I just realized you seemed to know a lot about that Revere pitcher, too." Brian's mind was spinning now.

"Brian, can you pour us a drink and meet me on the sofa?"

"Justin, what..." Brian stopped. "Ya, five minutes. I need to pee and then we'll talk."

When they both got back to the living room, Brian made sure Justin was comfortable before sitting on the other end of the sofa and turned toward him.

"Brian, please don't make any decisions about me until you hear everything. If you have any questions, ask, and I will do my best to explain." Justin took a sip of the whiskey Brian had poured and continued, "Sorry but this story starts a long time ago." He took one more swallow and then started. "I told you about my childhood. Dad was always trying to con someone, so I decided it wasn't bad for me to take things from those that had so much. I started my own B and E business. Soon I went bigger and bigger."

"Justin, you were a kid. Your parent wasn't parenting."

"That's true, but I was good at it. I had taken enough to pay for college."

"Woah, you must have been good."

"Brian, while I was in college, I honed my skills. We toured so many museums and then we would go back to class and hear the history about how so many were stolen from their original owners."

"So you had continued your business in college?"

"I had. But I had upped the ante."

"You're the thief! You're the guy I have been chasing for the last two years." Brian was on his feet before he realized it.

"Brian, I first was basically stealing anything, and my bank account blew up. Then people started asking for my services." Brian had turned his back to Justin and was looking out the window. "I'm not proud of that time of my life but I made millions of dollars. When my account hit more than $15 million I started planning my scholarship trust. By the time I graduated, I was set." Justin stood and hobbled over to Brian and put a hand on his shoulder. "Please say something."

"You're still in the business obviously. Why? You don't have enough money? Wait! This week, did you take that painting?" He turned around so fast, Justin nearly lost his balance but Brian caught him. "Why are you still taking things?"

"Brian, I don't take anything for me anymore. Yes, I still get paid by some of those that search me out, but the item must go back to the family or the country of origin. During World War II so many items were stolen. I have helped recover a couple of those that ended up in private collections."

Brian guided Justin back to the sofa and got him repositioned again. This time Brian sat close to him. "This might take a while for all of it to sink in."

"I understand that. I started out as a common thief, but now I recover items and I like to think I have done a lot of good with my trust."

"I think I agree with you and what you are doing. What I am trying to figure out is if I can work in my new job and be in love with someone breaking the law."

"Brian, I know I haven't said this before, but I really do love you. I have been trying to figure out how we could ever be together with..."

"Wait. Did you say you love me?" Brian asked.

"I did. Brian Kinney, I love you, but because of my history I didn't know if you could love me."

"Damn, Sunshine, I don't know how we will deal with this, yet, but all I know is you and I belong together, and I can't not love you just because of what you do." He pulled Justin close and kissed him gently and then he deepened it. "I know we have a lot to figure out, but the only thing I want to figure out now is how we can make love without hurting you."

"It may be a little less exciting but I am sure we can figure something out." 

Brian stood and helped Justin up. "You're an artist. I know we can get creative."

With Brian's arm wrapped tightly around Justin's waist, they made their way to the bedroom. "I am sure we can. I have no doubt."

 

Chapter 7 by Simply written

 

"I don't think we had any issues with that." Brian rolled off Justin to the side of his uninjured leg. 

"I love you, Brian." Justin carefully turned to him. "I've wanted to say that since the first night we went out but I am a thief. I was planning a major heist that you were investigating."

"So you really have a place where Molly can work?"

"I do. I have a college classmate doing the job now but she is pregnant and wants to stop working."

"How much does she know?"

"Not much. That was part of the deal when I hired her. She doesn't care. She is paid well."

"Does it all go to the trust now?" Brian's hand moved up and down Justin's arm, making Justin shiver and moved a little closer so he could feel the heat coming off of Brian.

"I take 10% and the rest goes into the scholarship fund. "I don't spend much of the money I keep. I use it for extras Mom and Molly might need. Now that Molly is done with school, I will look for other places that can use it. I have sent money to many disaster relief funds. Just so you know, I live off what I make with my art, what I earn legally."

"Sunshine, I have to admit I have a lot of questions about all this, and I hope you'll fill me in with more details if I want them, but we don't need to worry about that now."

"Bri, is this going to be a problem with your new job?"

"We can talk about all that later."

"Yes, we can. We have as much time as we need." Justin's hand moved below Brian's waist and as he grazed Brian's cock and then lower and began to squeeze Brian's balls in a caress that had Brian responding immediately. Justin repositioned himself and had one hand slip between Brian's legs and found the small brown bud he wanted. He slowly pressed his finger in and began to stroke Brian's prostate from both the inside and outside, rubbing his perineum. 

"Oh, god, Justin... I... that's..." Brian couldn't hold back he cried out as he came, fast and hard.  His whole body responded and after he calmed a bit he pulled Justin back into his arms. "How did I get to fall in love with a man who knows how to do things like that?"

"Why don't you go start filling that bathtub. I have heard so many things about it from Emmett. I might need help getting in and out."

"I am here to serve." Brian leaned over and kissed him. "Do you need to take some meds?"

"Ya, it is about that time. Do you want some more of that vodka or another glass of wine?"

"Is there whiskey?"

"Remember that bottle we bought for Cap and Angie?"

"You mean the bottle you bought."

"Whatever, they have some. I'll bring the bottle. You rinse out the glasses."

"I can get that. You don't need to walk..."

"Brian, I need to do this myself. I haven't been on it much at all today and I need to move."

"I kind of liked those moves you just showed me." Brian kissed him and swatted his bare ass.

Five minutes later Justin walked into the bathroom slowly and removed the brace as he leaned against the sink. Brian put an arm around him, and once they got to the tub Brian picked him up and lifted him over the edge of the slipper tub. Once he was sitting in it, Brian got in himself.

"This is a great tub. I have never seen a slipper tub this big." The base of it was six feet long and at the top it was at least seven feet. "Did Emmett and George have this put in?"

"No," Justin pulled a face as he slowly moved his sore knee. "It was actually George's ex-wife. She knew he liked baths and she hoped he would feel romantic." He slowly lowered his leg into the water. "I feel a little sorry for her."

"There is no way she could be that oblivious. Everyone in the city knew it years ago. I remember jokes about Schickle and his pickle."

"He's of a different era. I am glad he has been able to be himself with Em." 

Brian moved so he had one leg pressed against each of the sides while Justin's tucked between them. His toes would graze Brian's inner thighs. Trying to think about something else, he said, "Tell me about some of your early adventures. I know it sort of started with your dad. Did you have any close calls?"

Justin smiled, "Oh, sure. I used to go with the delivery guys. The appliances he sold were knock offs of top of the line brands. I would go into all these huge mansions with them. I usually held doors and stuff, and I would ask if I could use the restroom and they always let me. I just smiled pretty."

"And shook that fine ass, probably."

"Maybe," he said with a wink. "At first I would sneak into the master bedroom and take a watch or pair of earrings. They were all things that people would think they just misplaced but then I realized there were some bigger items that would make a lot more so I started looking for security systems. It is surprising how many people hadn't had anything installed back then. My first big take was a Picasso. The lady couldn't stop bragging about owning one so later that night I slipped out of my house and into theirs. What I didn't know was they had pets. As I was slipping the painting off the wall, a cat started moving in and out of my legs and then, as I was heading to the door... I just realized it was another cat. I always liked cats but maybe they don't all like me."

"They just like you so much they want to be touched by you. I know I do." Justin moved his foot enough to slide over the tip of Brian's cock, causing him to take in a sharp breath. "Anyway, as I moved out of the house I heard a little girl's voice calling the cat. I ducked behind a large plant and thankfully the child just snatched up the cat and left the room. I couldn't get away fast enough."

"How old were you?"

"It was just before my 15th birthday. Then I had to figure out what a 14 year old does with a Picasso. I actually hung onto it for a few years. I just didn't know how to get rid of it. I sort of became attached to it. I finally sold it to help with college."

"That is crazy. Have you ever gotten into something really dangerous?"

"I lifted some art from a museum and I actually came in through a skylight."

"You're kidding, right?"

"I wish I was. I'm not super fond of heights."

"Was this a job you were doing for yourself or a client?"

"That was for a client. It was the first one that I got paid for because I recovered a piece that had been taken by the Nazis. I got it back to the family that had owned it before the war."

"Sunshine, is that something you want to continue doing?"

"I take a couple jobs a year and rarely this close together. I had to get that last sketch. It was for his family."

Brian took Justin's feet and started moving them to either side of his hips, "This isn't hurting your knee, is it?"

"Not at all," Justin said as he moved closer. Soon they were nearly pelvis to pelvis and Justin reached up and locked his fingers behind Brian's head and guided him towards his own. The moments their lips met they both shivered. As they kissed they began to move against each other. Their cocks and balls were pressed tightly together, almost to the point of being painful but the contact was also bliss and neither cared when they felt hot cum hit their stomachs and chest.

Justin started to wrap his legs around Brian when pain shot through him.  "Shit!" He quickly moved his leg into a comfortable position. 

Brian moved away slightly, "You okay?"

"I'm good, but I have to admit, I am really tired all of the sudden. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the bourbon we have been drinking along with the meds I'm taking."

Brian quickly rinsed off and then stepped out of the tub. "Just stay sitting until I dry off. You will be slippery enough. While Brian dried himself off, Justin finished rinsing himself off and then started draining the water. Then Brian was lifting him out of the tub and with Justin resting against the bath, Brian dried him off and helped put the brace back on. 

"That brace really does make a difference. Thank god it was only a sprain." Justin held onto Brian's arm until he was safely tucked in bed. Brian made sure the lights were all off and then he moved onto the bed and he sought the heat of Justin's body. They talked until they drifted off, both relieved at how the day had turned out.

 

Justin woke up first and had to pee. He carefully stood and was relieved that his knee didn't scream. He slipped a robe on and went out into the kitchen. As he tied the silk robe, he realized he hadn't brought this robe but he knew what he was buying as soon as he had a chance, and damn, he couldn't wait to see Brian in one. 

Opening the fridge, Justin pulled out a pan. He glanced at the directions and then turned on the oven. After putting the pan on the rack, he closed the door. Leaning against the counter to take the pressure off his knee, he looked out the window. The sun was slowly rising above the mountains, sending streaks of light onto the meadow where a doe and her fawn were nibbling grass. He just saw movement on the edge of the woods when Brian's arms came around him.

"What are you looking at?" He rested his chin on Justin's shoulder and pressed his lips just below his ear, lingering for several seconds.

"Look," the buck is watching over one of his girls and his baby. "Isn't he majestic?" They both watched the large buck stride across the field. "It reminds me of a scene from Bambi."

Brian chuckled softly, "I hope we don't hear a shot." He kissed him again and stood up. "How's the knee?"

"Already feeling much better." As Justin turned to face him, Brian let his hands run over the robe.

"This is a nice robe."

"It's not mine. It must be Em's. He kissed Brian and then separated from him to check the oven.

"You need one of these." Brian's hand rested lightly on Justin's ass. "And in this blue color." He bent his head and dropped kisses along his cheekbone and then his jaw. And then the timer went off. "What's that?"

"I need to check breakfast." He used the counter to walk around to the oven. "I am not sure exactly what this is but it is some kind of coffee cake filled with blueberries and I think cream cheese. There are sausage and eggs if we want some of that, too."

"I think the cake and some coffee is all I need." Brian moved toward the back door where there is a deck that extended out over a deep ravine. He stepped out on the deck and then came back in. "It's a little chilly out there but it is the perfect place to have breakfast."

"I'm starting the coffee. Check that closet by the deck door. I think Em said something about blankets there. I think we can start a fire out there too."

"Well, I don't think we need that this morning, but tonight, that sounds great." Brian was already digging in the closet. He pulled out two blankets. "I will be right back. Don't try carrying that stuff." Brian took one of the blankets out and spread it on one of the outdoor sofas. He then went back in and handed Justin the second blanket and carried out the tray he had put together. There was a carafe of coffee, two cups and forks, and the pan of cake. "Don't we need plates?"

"I don't think we need them. We can just eat out of the pan, can't we?" Justin smiled at him. "That way we are only sharing one piece, right?"

Brian smiled and said, "I love the way you think."


They wrapped the blanket around them. For the next two hours they ate cake and drank coffee and talked. Before they realized the coffee pot was empty, there were crumbs left in the pan and the blanket had slipped off their shoulders as the sun was now high in the sky.

"I'm sorry we can't go out and explore."

"Justin, do I really look like the kind of guy that wants to go out in the woods?"

"You said you enjoyed it with my mom and Molly."

"I did enjoy that. We had a destination and that view was killer."

"That is a great view." Justin said as he dropped his head on Brian's shoulder and put his foot up on the table. 

"Do you want to go in? Would that be more comfortable?"

"No, I'm fine. Have you noticed how quiet it is up here? I mean, other than a bird, there is no noise."

"I think I heard a cow a while ago but it is quiet. It might be too quiet."

"You do know that if we can't hear anything it means no one can hear us either."

"Oh, you're right! I am going to go call Cap. When I come back, do you want anything?"

"Could you bring my sketch pad out here before your call?" He told Brian where he could find it and moments later he reappeared with a spiral book and a pouch of pens and pencils. "Thank you, Bri. Send my love to Cap and Angie."

"I will." Brian kissed him and tucked a pillow under his leg before going into the house. He was glad Justin hadn't insisted on being involved with the call. He loved him. Damn, did he love him, but Cap and Angie, well, they are the couple that taught him how to love. He placed the call to Angie's phone. He didn't know if they would be together, but he knew Angie would tell him everything they had been told. Cap would leave out details.

"Brian, I knew you would call."

"Hey, Ang, how are you doing? How is Cap? What did you find out yesterday?"

"Brian, slow down just a second. Are you and Justin enjoying your time there? And I don't mean the sex."

She could hear the smile in his voice when he said, "He loves me. Justin loves me, too."

"I knew he did. I don't know what was holding him back but he obviously got it out of his system."

"We had a good talk and the things that were holding him back have been discussed. Now, enough about me, about us. I called about Cap."

"Yes," Angie's voice sounded upbeat which he took for a good sign. "The cancer is still contained. It hasn't spread. He will be having surgery next week. They will take a few lymph nodes to double check it isn't found anywhere else and that will decide after care. He will have radiation for sure, but they aren't sure about chemo."

Brian let out an audible sigh of relief. "I know he still has several things to get through but it sounds like it could have been a lot worse."

"He was very relieved. You'll be back by next Thursday, right?"

"We will be home by Tuesday. Let me know what time you need to be at the hospital and I will pick you both up."

"Thank you, Brian. We love you."

"You have always shown that, Ang. Even when I wasn't that lovable, you were always there. Please let Cap know I called and if you need anything, call me."

"We will, son."

They said their goodbyes and then Brian took a minute to let it sink in. It sounded like the best outcome that could have been. Hopefully he won't need chemo because even through radiation he was going to whine. His gaze drifted out to see Justin engrossed in his sketch pad. They had a lot to work out with him working for the police and Justin playing Robin Hood, but he had no doubt they would figure it out. It was then he realized his cheeks were wet. Why was he crying? He thought about Cap and Angela and looked at Justin, and realized he had never expected to have any of this in his life. He was loved and in love.

Justin glanced in and saw him. He smiled and waved. Brian smiled back and mouthed the words, ‘I'll be right back'. He walked out of sight and wiped his eyes. He grabbed a couple bottles of water and headed outside. He had his boyfriend all to himself and he was going to take full advantage of every minute.

"Is everything alright? You look a little upset." Justin said, reaching out for Brian's hand. Brian set the water on the table and took his hand as he sat next to him. He wrapped his arms around him and looked at his sketchbook.

"You are really talented. I haven't seen much of your work. Will you show me your studio when we go back?"

He hesitated just a moment before saying, "I will. I've been thinking," he moved to kiss Brian before continuing. "I am going to check into the space above your loft. It would be so convenient to have it there."

"I am betting it won't be hard to get. I love that idea."

"I will have to put in some security and a safe."

"We'd hate it if something you stole was stolen," Brian smirked. 

Justin turned serious. "That sketch is at my studio now and I couldn't get it into my safe. It has stairs and I couldn't go up with this knee. I wonder if they have noticed already."

Brian pulled out his phone and looked at the local Pittsburgh news. The headlines flashed about the theft, and right under it was a story about Paul Cadmus and his family. "His family is making it clear that the drawing was stolen from their uncle years ago. I would bet this will fade quickly. I know the insurance company would ask the museum for the provenance of the artpiece and if they couldn't follow it back, it wouldn't get paid out." Brian's hand ran up Justin's thigh. "I don't think I can ever say this to Cap, but I support your work when it is to make things right. Now, we know this sofa is comfortable and I think it is only right that we try out that lounging bed over there." He pointed at an oversized platform with a mattress.

"Why do I think Em had that added out here. I can imagine him sunbathing in the nude out here."

"I really am not sure I want to see that, but I would love to see you there."

Justin laid his sketch pad on the table and extended his hand to Brian who quickly got to his feet and assisted Justin in getting up. Justin grabbed the two blankets and Brian put an arm around Justin's waist, picked up the water bottles, and they moved across the deck.

"Glad we didn't bother getting dressed today." Brian undid the belt on Justin's robe and let it slip off his shoulders. Once it was out of the way, Justin sat and reached up and tugged on Brian's robe until it fell open. Justin reached out, and placing his hands on Brian's hips, he pulled him closer. He brought his lips to Brian's growing erection and soon Brian was gently pushing Justin backwards. He started to raise Justin's legs and looked at him. Justin nodded. Brian slowly leaned into Justin, keeping his eyes locked with his for any sign of discomfort.

"Brian, I am fine. I'm far better than fine!" He couldn't get as involved physically, but emotionally, he couldn't be more involved. When they had both climaxed, Brian rolled to one side and Justin placed his head on Brian's chest. After several minutes of silent companionship, Justin said, "You never told me what you found out about Cap."

"He has surgery next Thursday. He will need radiation, chemo, or maybe both but it hasn't spread to any other location. It is the best we could hope for."

"Is that why you were crying?" he asked softly.

"You saw that?"

"I did, but I had a feeling that isn't something you're comfortable with."

"I don't do it often, but I seem to feel things more strongly since I met you. You were part of the tears. I never expected to know how to love, but now, I couldn't stop loving you if I wanted to."

Justin kissed his chest and said, "I hope you aren't too disappointed in what I really am."

"I have to admit, it had to sink in and I needed the whole story. You have helped so many people, and in the last six years you have only tried to correct earlier thefts. I have been thinking we may be able to use your skills in a legal capacity. Frequently the police could use someone to stop theft ahead of time. Obviously you have the skills for that."

"I would be willing to do that, but I want you to know I'm not ready to stop helping get pieces to their proper home."

"I do understand that. We will have to do projects away from Pittsburgh. If we take vacations a couple times a year, we can work it that way."

"That should work. I have ways of finding out what people want recovered. If there is a reward, it will go to the scholarship fund."

"And your 10%."

"Well, at least have my expenses covered."

"Our expenses. You are not going to get away from me too easily. You're the expert but I bet you could use a second set of hands in the planning."

"Are you sure you want to get involved?"

"I'm already involved because I'm involved with you." 

 

By the time Brian and Justin went back to the city Monday evening, Justin was still wearing his brace but the pain was gone. Before they even went home, they stopped at Justin's studio. "Are you sure you want to deal with those steps?" Brian asked.

"I need to get the drawing in the safe. It is in the back of the locker over there. The combination is 15, 21, 24."

Brian opened it and pulled the framed image out. By that time, Justin was already opening the door to the studio. Brian followed him and then froze in place. "Did you do all of this?" He scanned the large work room. 

"I did. Some of them are copies of someone else's work, but most of it's original." Justin extended his hand and Brian handed him the picture before Justin walked over to a blank wall.

"What were the numbers for the combination?"

Brian watched Justin do something over at the wall. Justin looked over his shoulder, "My age the first time I did a real job, the age I set up the trust, and the last was my age when I had given away my first million." To Brian's astonishment the wall silently began to move.

"What the hell?"

"You didn't think I was going to just have a safe, did you?"

"I hadn't really thought about it. Can you spot walls like this? I mean if you were in a house could you tell there was something like this?"

"I'm not sure I could always notice, but in most cases, I can spot them as I walk into the room."

"That will make you very valuable to the police. You can enter a crime scene and spot abnormalities."

"Do you want to see what is behind here?" Justin asked and Brian walked over. They entered a room about ten feet by four feet. It was lined in shelves at one end. He walked over and placed the frame on the shelf.  

Brian walked around and looked at other items on the shelves. "Are any of these real?" He asked as he looked at some jewelry. "How long will you keep that before you contact the family?"

"Yes, the jewelry is real, and I won't wait long with this picture. I won't get anything for this one except the pleasure of returning it. Before you ask, I've had that jewelry for years. I was waiting to see if they were forgotten or if I should just take the jewels out and sell the gold separately."

"It would be a shame to pull something this beautiful apart. I will try once more to get some interest in it."

"When did you get this?"

"I was still in high school so I didn't have connections yet. I had been in the house before on a delivery and I went to lift a couple watches but when I opened the jewelry drawer, I spotted the false bottom. I think I notice this stuff because of my art perspective. Things just look ‘off'."

"That makes sense to me."

"Can we go to my place next so I can pack a bag before we go to the loft?"

"You're coming to the loft?"

"You invited me to move in, remember? I just want to pick up a bag I have packed and then, by the end of the month, I can have my stuff moved over. It is a furnished apartment so it is just my personal stuff. Once I'm here and get the space upstairs rented, I will build my safe room.  Maybe in another month I will have the safe room ready."

"Do you still have your apartment in New York City?"

"I do and I probably always will. It is such a big city anyone can get lost in it. I have everything in another name there so I can always disappear there."

"I'd love to disappear there together. Right after we find out Cap's treatment is going well, we could take some time there. I love the city."

By now they were pulling into Justin's apartment and Brian left him resting his knee while he went up to get his bag.

Twenty minutes later they were entering the freight elevator to get to the loft. "The cabin was great and I hope we can go there again some time but right now, I am glad we are at our place." Justin dropped on the sofa.

"I like the way that sounds, ‘Our place'. You hungry?"

"Do we have food?"

"Probably not," Brian bent down and kissed Justin. "Can you order something? Maybe a pizza? I want to call Angie before it gets too late."

"Sure, Love." Justin pulled up an app and ordered beer and a pizza. 

Brian had brought their bags into the bedroom and then sat on the bed to call Angie. "Ang, how is he?"

"He's scared." Brian heard Angie's voice shake a bit.

"I will be stopping by the precinct tomorrow, but let Justin and I bring dinner tomorrow night unless you want to be left alone."

"That sounds perfect. Your get away went well?"

"It did. Sunshine just ordered dinner. He lives here now."

"What a surprise." The sarcasm came through loud and clear.

"See you tomorrow evening. We'll plan on being there around 6:30 unless that is too early."

"That should be just fine. What are we eating?"

"Who knows." Brian heard her laughing as the call was disconnected.

Brian came back into the main room. He opened his mouth but he closed it again when he saw Justin's eyes closed with his blond hair falling over his eyes. He moved to the kitchen and tried to be quiet as he pulled out plates and a roll of paper towels. He opened the refrigerator and  pulled out the last beer and opened it. Leaning against the counter his mind wandered back to the first time he had met Cap. He was such a stupid little shit, but Cap saw something in him. He felt he deserved another chance. He was glad Angie felt optimistic. He wasn't ready to lose Cap for a long, long time.

The buzzer brought Brian out of his daydream and Justin back from his nap. Brian answered the intercom and soon Brian had paid for the delivery and locked the door behind him. "Ready for some pizza and a beer?"

"Ya, I didn't realize I was so tired."

"Your knee is feeling better but it is still healing. That takes a lot out of you." 

Together they polished off the pizza and the six pack of beer. Brian cleaned up the mess and opened the freezer. "I know this has been in here a while but it is still sealed." Brian said as he brought a pint container of a chocolate caramel gelato. He had a spoon and, sitting side by side on the floor in front of the sofa Brian offered Justin a bite and then took one himself.

After several bites, Justin sighed and said, "This stuff is so good."

"I better check if it tastes the same in your mouth as it does in mine." He offered Justin another bite and then brought his lips to Justin's and slipped his tongue into his mouth. The ice cream was set aside and Brian wrapped him in his arms. 

Eventually Justin pulled away. "Let's put the rest of that in the freezer and go to bed."

Once the dessert was back in place they walked hand in hand to the steps. Brian helped support his elbow so he could go up the stairs easier. Once they were both in bed, Justin rolled over and put his head on Brian's shoulder and his hand on his chest, Justin said, "Thank you."

"Thank you for what?"

"For just being here and caring."

"I haven't really done much."

"Oh, but you have. You have been worrying about me walking too much or if it hurts when I go up stairs. My mom is the only one who ever did that, but I didn't spend much time with her. I knew she loved me because she cared. You love me and you care about me. You know I would give you the moon if you asked."

"I'd never ask that. I have everything I need right here."

"Goodnight, Brian. I love you."

"Sunshine, I love you, too. I will always be here for you, and if I screw up, let me know. Angie and Cap did their best to teach me what a real relationship was like, but I am sure I missed something."

"So far you haven't missed a thing." Justin kissed him and he tightened his arms around him.

"Actually, I did. We are going to bring dinner to Ang and Cap tomorrow. That's okay isn't it?"

"That's perfect. I'm not sure I would ever get tired of family."

 

Chapter 8 by Simply written

 

Justin had decided to make dinner for the four of them rather than order something. That led to the realization that it would be easier for him to bake the dish at the house, so he called Angie to see if that worked for her and she encouraged him to come over anytime. 

He arrived at Angie and Cap's house around 5:30. Angie opened the door before he could knock. "Come in, Justin." She kissed his cheek as he walked past carrying a basket of food. "Brian told Cap you are an excellent cook. What are we having?"

"It's nothing fancy. I have a loaf of bread that is ready to bake. There is a bag of salad and dressing. No prep there. I have everything ready for the chicken. Would you mind starting the oven?"

Angie walked over and turned it on. "Is 350° alright?"

"That's great for the bread. Once that is done we will turn it to 300°.  The chicken just tastes better when it is cooked low and slow."

"Is there a name for your chicken?"

"Not really. It is just roasted chicken and potatoes. I hope the salad can count as a vegetable. I had ordered something but they weren't in the grocery delivery."

"You know what? I have some fresh green beans. I was just going to throw them in the freezer since I won't be around for a few days with Cap's surgery."

Out of the corner of his eye, Justin saw Angie grab the edge of the counter as she spoke. He closed the gap between them and put his arms around her. "He is strong and healthy other than the cancer. He will be fine. I'm not saying it will be easy but he has too much to live for with you and Brian."

Angie gave him a squeeze before taking a step back. "Did your mom teach you how to deal with women?"

"When I was with her she did. The rest of the time I just treated women the opposite of the way my father did."

"Brian is treating you right, isn't he?"

"You taught him right. I can see his cynical side, his uncertain side from time to time, but he is so kind and caring. I only had that when I was in California. Now, I better check on that bread."

They worked side by side. Once everything was ready, they sat out on the screen porch and sipped wine. By the time Brian and Cap arrived, Justin had opened the second bottle of wine and Brian went in for two more glasses.

When the meal was ready they moved into the house and Justin and Angie put the food out. It was a quiet night of good food and good friends. No one mentioned the surgery until Brian and Justin were ready to leave. "Do you know what time you have to be at the hospital?" Brian asked.

"They want me there by 6:00, but surgery is scheduled for 8:00. I know that is really..."

"Shut up, Cap. I'm not letting my best girl sit there alone. I will be here at 5:30."

"I will come along," Justin volunteered.

"You will come about 8:00 with fresh coffee for Ang and me," Brian said, kissing Justin's temple. "And tomorrow you are staying home, right?"

"Yes. We have to go for a blood draw sometime in the morning but the rest of the day we will be home. And no food or alcohol after 6:00," Cap grumbled.

No one really said goodbye. Brian picked up the basket that had empty containers in it. As Brian and Justin walked to Justin's car, he handed Brian the keys. "I drank too much." 

"I figured one of us would, which is why I came over with Cap. My car's already at the loft."

"I like them more every time we are together."

"By the way, I brought you up at work. I wasn't planning on it but Cap was trying to get everything in order and he mentioned an art theft. You haven't been... "

"You know about my last projects. Continue." Justin relaxed and closed his eyes.

"They want you to answer questions next week about some artwork." There was no answer. Brian ran the knuckle of his finger down Justin's cheek. He would tell him again tomorrow. Brian parked Justin's car in the back of the building. He needed to come up with safe parking for both of their cars.

Brian got out of the car and as he closed the door, Justin stirred. He reached for the door handle and by the time he had it pushed open, Brian was there to offer his hand, Justin took it but then reached up and locked his fingers behind Brian's head and kissed him. "You are amazing in every way." He smiled up at him, "Don't forget to grab the basket."

Once they were in the building and took the elevator up, Justin led the way and unlocked the door. "I love our place but I really wish there was a garage."

"I was thinking the same thing when I was parking. I will check and see if there is a parking garage close by."

"I think I fell asleep while you were talking." He walked to the fridge and pulled out two bottles of water out and tossed one to Brian who had sat down on the sofa.

Brian extended his hand and Justin came around and sat next to him. Brian opened the bottle and then put one arm around Justin who curled into him. "Next Monday, Cap's lieutenant wants to talk to you. He needs an art expert to answer some questions. Does that work for you?" 

"That works for me. What do you have planned for tomorrow?"

"I am going into the station for a couple hours to finish up a couple things with the insurance company. There were a couple reports that they need to be redone. I'll go in mid morning and be done around noon."

"Can we get tacos? I don't know why, but I am craving tacos."

"Oh, no, I've already gotten you pregnant!" Brian looked at Justin trying to keep a straight face. 

"Not yet," Justin said as he stood up and extended a hand to Brian, "But I'm never going to give up trying!" He said playfully. For a split second he got serious and looked at him sincerely, "Brian, you don't want kids, do you?"

"God, no. I never saw myself as a father. I will get all the love I need from you."

"I promise you that. I never wanted kids or a husband but I am so glad I found you."

Brian made sure Justin wasn't in pain as he went up the steps to the bedroom and then he pulled him close, "Justin Taylor, you will never know how you changed my life."

"I think I do. You did the same for me." As one, they fell onto the mattress and Justin pinned Brian down by straddling his hips.

"Are you supposed to do that with your knee?"

"I'm not stressing it in any way so it's fine, unless you forget and get wild on me."

"I'm kind of hoping you're going to get wild on me." He reached up and brushed Justin's hair out of his eyes. "Justin, I know what an amazing lover you are, but tonight, if you are up to it, I want you inside of me."

Justin could tell something in the mood had changed. Gone was the light-hearted tone from earlier. They both undressed and then Justin positioned himself behind Brian and as he slowly entered him, he brought his mouth to Brian's ear and whispered, "It doesn't matter on positions as long as I'm with you."

A few hours later Justin was snoring softly. Brian got out of bed and walked to the main room of the loft. He stared out the window sipping a glass of whiskey. He knew Cap had an excellent chance of being just fine, but for some reason, he couldn't stop thinking about Jack. He probably hadn't thought about him since his funeral. His mom had been so over dramatic. He wasn't sure they had ever really loved each other but she sucked up the attention. Could she really care about him? He wasn't sure she could care about anything except herself. She was so emotionless. 

Brian sensed movement behind him but before he could turn around, Justin's arms came around his waist from behind, and kissed his shoulder. "Are you Ok? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"I'm fine."

"What are you doing up?"

"I was going to ask you that. You seem pretty sober."

"I'm just dehydrated right now. You couldn't sleep?"

"Not sure why not. I can't seem to shut my brain off."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

‘No, there..." Brian stopped. He turned around and pulled Justin close. "I started thinking about my parents." He kissed his forehead before he continued. "I never know what to call them. The egg and sperm donors? I think the cancer sparked some memories. Jack had cancer. Even cancer won't go near Joan."

"At least you have Ang and Cap in your life. I know that doesn't make everything better. You were a child with no love. I had the first ten years with Mom and always knew she loved me." Justin kissed him softly, "He will be just fine."

"I know he will. I just always go back to wondering what I did to be unlovable?"

Justin put a hand on each of his cheeks, "You did nothing wrong. You only wanted love. We were both broken, but along the way we learned to heal." Justin dropped a kiss on his lips and said, "Brian Kinney, I love you. I love you so much I sometimes forget how to breathe." 

This time Brian brought his mouth down to Justin's, and after a greedy kiss, he needed him. He needed every part of him that very minute. There were no clothes to remove and it only took a heartbeat for Brian to have Justin draped over a chair. "Shit," he said as he tried to find a condom in the end table drawer. He then found it, as one hand reached around Justin and began to touch him, he used the other one to slip on the rubber and then moved into him. Both men lasted longer than they expected to but when they came they did it together and felt it through every part of their bodies.

As they dropped onto the chair in front of them, Justin said, "And all I came out for was a bottle of water." He wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and said, "Think you can sleep now?"

"I have no doubt. What did I ever do without you in my life?" He didn't wait for a response. "Go to bed and I will get us each a bottle of water."

They didn't rush in the morning, Brian went to work about 9:30. Justin's plan for the day was to pack up his personal items at his apartment, but first he was going to explore the building and see if the other space would work for his studio. The place had been for sale for years, according to Brian. 

Of course he didn't have keys but no good thief needed them. Working his way around the side of the building he saw the side door and as he made his way around to the back he was surprised to find garage doors and another regular door. It only took him a few seconds to pick the lock and walk in. He locked the door behind him. He stood in a large workroom of some kind. He had a feeling this had been the delivery and storage area. He could already picture a wall separating the garage section from the rest of the big room. He could already picture their cars parked there. 

There was a set of industrial metal stairs, and at the top he could see a door that would have to lead to the area outside their apartment. He would have to check it out. That would make it perfect for them to get to their vehicles. There were several other doors in this room. He found an office that would be perfect for his tools and his acquisitions. There were a couple small rooms and closets, but the last door he opened was what he was looking for. 

The large room, directly under their apartment would be perfect for his studio. There was lots of natural light that would be perfect for him to work in. He also got the idea that it would be a great spot for art classes. He loved the space. 

Justin pulled out his phone and called the realtor. Fifteen minutes later Justin was in the agent's office making an offer to buy the whole building with cash. By noon he had notified one of his offshore banks and the cost of the building was transferred into the agent's business account. When all was said and done, Brian was the owner of, not only the loft he had been renting, but the entire building. He had decided it was much easier to put it into Brian's name because they could use his name for all the background checks. He had too many aliases. Brian was a hometown boy who worked for the police and he got a big bonus for solving a case, or that is what the story would be. That was all done by noon.

Justin stopped by his rental and packed up his clothes and the few personal items he had there. He called a delivery company to pick up the suitcases and boxes and left them at the front desk and then went and purchased boxes to pack up the studio. Most of the items there he had to pack himself. He would also move the important items himself and the rest he would hire out.  Some of his art supplies and machines were heavy. There was no way he could move his large kiln without a moving truck.

After getting the move scheduled, he picked up a twelve pack of beer and a few groceries for dinner and went home. It had been a long time since he felt like he had a home. He had his apartment in New York but that was just the place he bought and lived. He realized now home would always be where Brian was.

 

"Justin," Brian called out when he arrived home around 5:00. "Did you see the building sold? Shit! I need to try calling the agent and see if we have to move out. You didn't give up your apartment, did you? We may have to..." Justin strolled down the steps from the bedroom dressed in a silk robe very similar to the one at the cabin. "Oh, lord, you look amazing in that, almost as good as if you were out of it!" Brian stopped worrying about the loft as he took Justin into his arms and kissed him.

 "Ummmm," Justin said as he leaned his head back and ran his hands through Brian's hair. "You were saying something?"

"Oh, shit, I almost forgot about it, seeing you in that."

"There's one for you, too. It's on the bed."

"First let me call the leasing agent before they close for the day."

"Bri, why don't you look at the papers on the table before you make that call."

"But, Justin, I need to know... I mean what if we have to move and I just found this place. They told me it was for sale but no one had shown any interest."

Justin finally took his hand and led him to the table, handing him the folder. "I did a few things today."

Brian opened the folder and lazily looked at the papers, "It's been a long day, Sunshine." 

Justin could see stress on his face. He was already stressed about Cap. "Brian, I looked around the building today. Did you know there is a garage in the back with two doors."

"I had no idea, but Justin the rental agent will be.."

"Brian, this place is perfect for us. There is a place for the cars. There is a place for my studio and I could even hold some art classes."

"Justin, how is this all good? The place is sold."

"Brian, look at the papers in the folder."

Brian finally looked closely. "Justin, this says I bought the property." He looked up with a confused look.

"You don't mind me putting it in your name, do you?"

"This says the building was over $3 million."

"Ya, I got it for a steal. It has been on the market for..."

"Justin, a steal? $3.75 M is a steal?"

"It really is. This neighborhood is starting to pick up. If we want to sell in a few years we will make a great profit."

"I can't let you pay for this."

"Sure you can. If you want to pay rent, fine, but I would prefer you to pay me back in bed." Justin's hand slid the zipper down on Brian's trousers and reached into the opening.

"You drive a hard bargain."

"Hard is what I am looking for. Oh, there it is." 

"You get out of those clothes and I will put dinner in the oven to stay warm until we want to eat." 

"Sounds like the perfect way to work up an appetite."

 

Brian was sprawled on the bed with the silk robe laying across his pelvis. "Do I want to know how much this cost?"

"I saw some for $4000 each but I decided $400 for two of them was good enough." As Justin spoke, he began to slowly pull the silk across Brian's cock and once he had laid it to the side he removed his own. Then, like a cat stalking his prey, he crawled across the bed and after a quick kiss on his lips, Justin tugged on Brian's arm, making him turn over. Justin began to feast. He kissed along his shoulder blades. Even from his lips alone he could feel the tension in his body so he began to work the muscles in his neck and shoulders. Once he felt them relax a bit he kissed the area and moved down lower. He continued downward toward his mid section and then to the small of his back. As he got to the rise of his ass, his tongue trailed between the globes and as he traveled downward, he spent a little extra time at the now throbbing bud. 

Brian flipped over, sending Justin to his back. He straddled Justin and left a trail of kisses across his chest and down his torso. He spent a moment at the belly button and then moved down but avoided his erection and his balls and ran his tongue down Justin's inner thighs.

"Damn, Brian, that isn't fair!" He arched upward, wanting Brian to take him in his mouth but instead Brian flipped him to his side and draping his hand over Justn's waist, he reached around to take his cock in hand as he entered him from behind. Together they crested and for several moments they lay connected, regaining normal breath.

"You really bought this place?"

"You bought this place. The paperwork says so. Do you know of a good contractor, or maybe Angie and Cap do?"

"They do. One of their friends does carpentry work. When can I see what I bought?"

"Let's shower and eat. After that we can look around and I can tell you what I was thinking."

 

After they finished their meal, Justin and Brian cleaned up and then, hand in hand, they walked out of the apartment. "The first thing I want to do is open the wall here for a doorway. There is a door on that side already and maybe we can find a place for a door in the loft for a guest room."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

With the keys he had gotten, he opened the door into the garage. Justin's car was already parked there. "This space is huge! It will be great to get the cars inside, especially in the winter."

Justin pointed out where he could have work space for his big projects and that weird little closet that just kind of sticks out over there," he pointed to the far corner, "will be the perfect spot for my secret space. I can make that work. Now let's go into the front section." Justin explained his plans for what he wanted to do eventually. He wanted to sell art supplies and have an area where people could work on a project or take a class. He figured if he had specialty coffees and some pastry, eventually the neighborhood would stop by. 

"You have really been thinking about it. There aren't any coffee places nearby, but how are you going to do everything?"

"I hope we can find someone to run it. It might be open from 7:00 until 2:00 or 3:00. I'll just hire someone to manage the shop."

"We can talk to Angie tomorrow. She may know someone. A distraction will be good." Brian kissed Justin. "Are we done? Can we go back to the loft? I need to be up early."

"Of course, Brian. I knew this might be too much with everything you have on your mind. I know we showered, but why don't you take a bath. It might help you relax." They got on the lift.

"You aren't joining me?" Brian opened the gate at the apartment level.

"We'll see," Justin said as he stepped off the elevator and into the loft. "I will go start your water. You get undressed." 

Justin added some lavender oil to Brian's bath and lit a couple of candles. He hoped this would help him relax so he could get a good night's sleep.

Once Brian sank into the scented water, Justin sat by his head on a small stool and rubbed his temples. He felt Brian's body go a little deeper into the water. As Brian closed his eyes, Justin began to hum and then sing "All of Me."

♪All of Me♪

♪What would I do without your smart mouth?

Drawing me in, and you kicking me out

You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down

What's going on in that beautiful mind?

I'm on your magical mystery ride

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

 

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind♪

 

Brian started to sit up but Justin held him in place. He continued to massage Brian's head and neck.

"I didn't know you could sing." He was now mesmerized by the sound of Justin's voice and what his hands were doing.

"Shhhh," Justin said as he leaned forward and kissed Brian's head and then continued to sing.

♪'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose, I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh-oh

 

How many times do I have to tell you?

Even when you're crying, you're beautiful too

The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood

You're my downfall, you're my muse

My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues

I can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you

 

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

 

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose, I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh-oh

 

Give me all of you, oh

 

Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts

Risking it all, though it's hard

 

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose, I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you

I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh-oh♪

Songwriters: John Stephens / Tobias Gad

Justin continued to hum and rub his temples for another couple of minutes before Brian finally said, "That feels so good, but I need to go to bed."

Justin helped dry his back and then pulled the blankets back so Brian could lay down. Brian moved over far enough for Justin to get in with him. 

"I have set my alarm for 5:00. Is that enough time?"

"I just need to comb my hair and dress. That will be fine."

"I love you, Brian. I will be at the hospital around 8:00."

"Sunshine, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you in my life right now. I love you."

 

At 5:00 the alarm went off. Brian got up and fifteen minutes later he kissed Justin's cheek and walked out of the bedroom and then out of the loft.

When he arrived at Cap and Angie's they were waiting for him. Cap had a small bag over his shoulder with what Brian was sure were his own pajamas and hygiene supplies, and Ang had her own bag. He smiled. He was fairly sure she had snacks in there as well as something to do with her hands.

It was a nearly silent ride to the hospital. Brian hung back while Cap checked in with Angie by his side. Soon a nurse came out and took Cap back, letting them know they would come and get both of them as soon as they had him prepped. They would be able to wait with him until they took him away.

 

When Justin arrived with coffee and some bagels Brian and Angie had just sat down in the waiting room. He hugged Angie and kissed Brian as he handed them their coffee and offered them the bag with bagels. They chatted as they ate their breakfast.  

"Angie, Justin and I did something yesterday. Well, mainly Justin did. He bought the building we live in. He is going to make it his studio and hopes to eventually put in an art supply store on the main floor along with probably a coffee shop."

"That sounds like a smart business plan," Angie said. "Are you going to work at the shop? Do you have time for that?"

"I hope I can find someone to manage the shop. That is probably at least six months away. I have a big art project going now so I have to focus on that for now. If you know of anyone who might enjoy working in a shop like that let me know. It could be a flexible schedule. I am guessing I will need two or three additional people to help run it. I hope to do some art classes but not actually work at the shop. My manager wouldn't have to work every day either once good staff is trained."

"I know I am not going to be making any changes in my life until I know how Cap is, but your shop sounds like the kind of place I would love to work. I have been thinking about a change. I am just tired of doing the same thing I've done since I met Brian."

"Are you serious, Angie? I would love to have you work for me. None of this is going to happen anytime soon. Once Cap is up and healthy, we will talk again."

The conversation floated from one topic to another until the doctor came out. "I am happy to tell you the surgery went perfectly. We have some biopsies that will need to be tested but I feel very comfortable in saying he will be back to normal soon. He will need radiation but as long as the tests come back negative, he won't need chemo."

Angie hugged both Brian and Justin before responding to the doctor. "Oh, thank you! Can I go see him?"

"A nurse will come get you when he is in his room. He will need to stay here at least one, maybe two nights but we can talk about all that later."

Brian stood and shook the surgeon's hand. "Thank you. That's great news."

Brian and Justin stayed with Angie until she could go to Cap's room, promising they would come back later in the afternoon to see him. "Angie, if you need anything before that just let one of us know. We won't be more than 15 minutes away."

"Thank you, Justin. And Brian, I hope you know how much you are loved. I don't know what I would have done this morning if you weren't here with me."

They hugged, then Brian and Justin headed to the parking lot. Justin took Brian's hand as they walked. "I took an Uber here. I figured that would be the easiest. We can ride home together." When they got to the car, Brian wrapped his long arms around Justin and held him for some time. Justin could feel a slight tremor of emotion go through him. "He's alright, Brian. Cap is going to be fine."

"Hell ya, he is!" Brian said as he opened the door for Justin. "I am guessing you have plans for us today?"

"Well, I planned to pack up my art studio. I would love your help."

Brian winked at him, "How much are you paying?"

"I just bought a loft for you."

"Yes, you did, and I love you for that. Let's go pack up your art."

"I plan to take the items in the hidden room with us, but everything else will be moved in a couple of days."

"Where are you putting your treasures until the new spot will be ready for them?"

"I asked Em if I could put a couple boxes in his office vault. I trust him. He isn't going to look or ask any questions."

"I didn't believe this could happen to me, but my life is nearly perfect right now."

Justin looked at him and said, "Only nearly?"

"We aren't in bed naked right now."

"You're right, but we can change that very easily," Justin said as Brian parked by the studio door. "Remember there's a bed in the corner of the studio."

"Then let's go make life perfect." 

 

Chapter 9 by Simply written

 

Justin couldn't have been happier the following week. His studio and apartment had been cleaned out and everything was, except for a couple things in Em's vault, now in one place. He was also excited about now being on the payroll for the Pittsburgh Police. He wasn't going to be working as regularly as Brian but he expected to get called in when a theft occurred and they couldn't be sure how it was done. He had to do a little creative writing on his resume but now he would get a regular paycheck and he would get to do some traveling with Brian.

Both Justin and Brian stopped by Angie and Cap's almost daily. Cap was recovering quickly. He was given permission to go back to work at the beginning of the next week and would start his radiation treatments a couple of weeks later. He was already counting down the days until this was all behind him. 

Justin walked into Cap's office at the end of his first week back with a folder he had received at the beginning of the week. "Hey, Cap, how has your week been?"

"I have to admit that it is kicking my butt, and I haven't even started the radiation."

"Cap, you had major surgery three weeks ago. I think you are doing great."

"You didn't come in today to give me a pep talk. You can't be done reviewing that file."

Justin smiled, "Do you want me to come back next week?"

"So what can you tell me about this case? It was supposed to be difficult. My detectives hate looking at cold cases."

"I love to research. I put in some details and let the computer do the work."

Cap read the first paragraph and then continued down the paper. "How the hell did you put those two cases together?"

"The computer gave me several possibilities and when I saw that one, I know I'm not a real detective, but these just fit. Since the other case is solved, and the timing is right, everything points at those partners."

"Brian said you would be worth the pay." Cap skimmed the rest of the page and then the look on his face changed. "Justin, I trust my doctors and it is not my time yet, but, I want you to know, I have never seen Brian so happy with his life. He has had many good days and he has had many bad days, but I haven't seen him have a bad day since he met you."

"What can I say? I will never do anything to hurt him. I know we will have disagreements. We are human, but I will never leave unless we both agree, which I don't see happening. I can't imagine anyone who could get me like he does."

"He loves you. And I know my wife loves you. Did she tell you she is already planning stuff for your shop?"

"It doesn't surprise me. Are you alright with her switching jobs?"

"It is totally up to her, and she has worked so hard. She wouldn't have to work anymore and I think your shop will give her what she wants in life."

"Well, I have a feeling our visions will merge. I have to say I look forward to working with her, and when Brian and I have to travel, I know everything will be taken care of."

"If you're as good at new cases as you are at cold cases, you and Brian won't have to do much traveling." 

"I heard my name." Brian strode in and kissed Justin before dropping into the chair next to him. "He's amazing, isn't he, Cap?"

"You know that fraternizing with a coworker isn't allowed. Obviously you aren't officers, but..."

"I promise I won't fuck him in the locker room."

"Brian!" Justin reacted strongly.

Brian looked a little sheepish, "Sorry Cap. I'm not a 20 year old kid anymore but, I still speak before I think sometimes."

"We promise to behave, except for a kiss now and then in here." Justin smiled at Cap and then at Brian.

"I guess I can agree to that," Cap said.

"If I would have said that, you would have told me absolutely no."

"I trust Justin to stop at a kiss. You have never been good at control."

"And I, for one, prefer he doesn't control himself too much."

They talked a few more minutes before Justin got a text. "As much as I love the company, I have to head to my studio. The workman is there to... um... to install that wall, and he is wondering about dimensions." Justin kissed Brian and gave Cap a hug before he bounced out of the door. 

"Brian, you know how much I like Justin and I have never seen anyone solve a case so quickly, but there are times I feel like he is hiding something."

Brian looked at Cap, "Sunshine is wary of people in a lot of ways. He didn't have you and Angie like I did. He trusts you and Ang, but in his new studio he needs security. Some of his work is pretty valuable so he wants to watch them put in the alarms."

"I forget what his life was like. He hides it well."

"He has worked through most of it. He at least had his mom, but mostly at a distance."

"Where did he make all his money? I didn't want to be rude, but it is obvious he didn't grow up with it."

Brian was a little uncomfortable not telling Cap the whole truth, but he knew he couldn't, "He has a degree in finance. He is very skilled at both his professions."

"I believe you. I also know you are not telling me everything but that's alright."

 

Justin picked up the contractor and blindfolded him on the way to the loft. "Mr. T, this is a great location. What are you going to do with this space?"

"I hired you and am paying you good money to build something for me, not to chat."

"Sorry. You truly are paying me well. I was just trying to be polite."

"I didn't mean to snap, but you can imagine if I am willing to pay you what I am paying you, I want my privacy."

Justin worked side by side with the carpenter until late in the afternoon. "Are you ready to go to your hotel? You can sign for your meal in the hotel. I will be back in the morning around 8:30. I will text you when I am on my way." Justin pulled up in front of the hotel.

"Thanks, Mr. T. This looks great. I'll see you in the morning."

 

By the end of the next day, the secret room was complete and the carpenter was on his way back to Chicago. Justin was the only person, besides hotel and airport employees, he had talked to, and no one had really seen them together, so Justin let out a sigh of relief.

When Brian got home that evening, Justin met him in the garage. "Am I allowed back in my place?" He pulled Justin close and kissed him.

"You make it sound like we didn't make love several times last night in our bed, or did you already forget about that." His hand patted Brian's ass.

Brian purred deep in his throat, "I seem to remember something about that. Now, can I see this magical room?"

"Sure, I want you to find the door," Justin said as he opened the door from the garage into the work room. 

Brian looked around the room closely. He glanced at Justin and then walked away from him toward the wall. It looked like a solid wall with a door into two different storage rooms. The smaller of the two looked like a basic cleaning supply closet while the other door led into Justin's art supply room. He looked around and realized it couldn't be in this room.

"Justin, it's not in here, is it?" Justin shook his head and followed Brian back into the main studio workroom. Brian opened the door to the cleaning closet again and entered it. "I have it! I am not sure how to open it, but it is this wall. This is the door."

Justin smiled, "I knew you'd figure it out."

"But I had to seriously look for it and I knew it was here. Are you going to show me how to open it?"

Justin tapped on the bracket for a shelf and a door slid to the side. Once that was out of the way, there was a vault door. "I'll tell you the code later." Justin put in the combination and the door opened. "Tomorrow, do you have time to help me transfer my treasure?"

"I do. And do you remember talking about a trip to New York City? What do you think about doing that this weekend? Cap is feeling good right now and after he starts his radiation, I want to be around here."

"That sounds perfect. How about we drive? You can drive my car." Justin kissed his cheek.
"What do you want to do? I could get tickets to a show or we could go to... Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do."

"Then I know a couple things I want to try to set it up."

Brian had to smile at Justin's excitement. "I'm hungry. Do you have dinner planned or do we want to go out or order in?" 

Justin locked the vault and closed the hidden door. Brian took his hand and, together they walked up the steps to the loft level.  "Oh, dinner, I didn't plan anything."

"How about pizza and a movie?"

"That sounds good. When are we leaving for New York?" Justin's excitement was obvious.

"I know I have to go in in the morning. Something came in at the end of the day that he said would wait until morning and if it will wait until morning, it shouldn't need anything done right away. I would think maybe at noon tomorrow?"

"That sounds perfect! Back on Sunday or Monday?"

"I think we should be back Sunday. I just want to be here for Ang and Cap."

"Damn, I love you." Justin pressed himself tightly against him. "Order pizza, I'll grab some beers."

 

The next morning Brian left for work and Justin got busy. He made plans for the next three days. Tonight it would be a late dinner at a small Thai place in his neighborhood. He could already taste his favorite Pad Thai. He made plans for all day Friday. Saturday they would play it by ear. And they would take Sunday as a leisurely drive back.

By the time Brian got home, Justin had packed bags for both of them and by noon they were on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Brian reached over and took his hand. "Sometimes I think you love this car more than you love me." Justin said teasingly.

"Damn right! The way this engine purrs... Oh, wait, you seemed to be purring yourself last night. So what are our plans for this weekend?"

"I'm not going to tell you everything but tonight we are going to a great little neighborhood Thai place and then I thought I would show you my apartment."

"Showing me the apartment will take all night?"

"Well, if we want to christen each room it will."

"How big is the apartment?"

"Did I tell you I have a hot tub on a rooftop terrace?"

"It's a penthouse?" Brian asked with surprise.

"Well, not the top penthouse. You'll see in a few hours. You asked how big the place was? Well, officially it is a 4 bedroom apartment. I have two set up for sleeping. I have my office and then I have my studio."

"What part of the city is it in?"

"It's in SoHo. Before you say anything, it is in a rent control building. I got it the first time I recovered a stolen artifact for a family. They gave me the apartment in payment."

"None of the family wanted it? I know you wouldn't demand something like that."

"The children were in their 40s and had already established their homes and families. They had more money than they knew what to do with and I needed an apartment."

"I know your childhood wasn't fun, but as an adult you seem to always be at the right place at the right time."

"You're right. I was at the gallery when you came in."

"Damn," Brian said as he pulled off the road a little too quickly into a rest stop.

Justin looked over in surprise, "What is it? Is something wrong with my car?" 

"Hell, no!" Brian stretched out his long arms and pulled Justin over to kiss him. "Do you think we can manage to make love in a rest stop without getting arrested?"

"I think we must try it and find out, don't you?" Justin jumped out and Brian followed him, making sure he locked the door as they jogged toward the back of the rest area.

"You guys looking for some fun?" A sleazy guy appeared from nowhere. "You name it, I got it." He pulled out several small bags with different colored pills. "You have wives? You're lovers, right?"

"Never met him before. You didn't see us pull up?" Brian played along.

"No man! I was back here." The man looked around to make sure no one was coming around the corner.

"I've never been with a guy, but he is too gorgeous for me to turn down. I can't wait to feel a hard cock for the first time," Justin made squirrely eyes at him. "Have you ever?" he asked.

"No, not me man." 

"There's a very nice blue car out front." Justin pulled out 2 $100 bills. "Go around front and watch that car. If it is unharmed when we come back," he ripped both bills in half and handed him the halves in his left hand, "the rest of this is yours." He stuffed the halves in his right hand into his pocket.

"Sure man! You got it." The man moved quickly and disappeared around the corner.

Brian looked at Justin and asked, "Why'd you do that?"

"Did you want him to watch?"

"I knew you were brilliant and now," Brian pointed toward a path that seemed to lead to a little picnic area. Soon, Justin dropped to his knees and pulled out Brian's cock, now hard and throbbing. He wrapped his mouth around him and slowly began to run his tongue around the head. Brian had to lean against the pole of the shelter to stay on his feet. "God, Justin..." he grabbed Justin's head but after a few moments, Brian pulled him up and replaced his cock with his tongue. As they kissed, Brian was opening Justin's fly and then pushed the jeans down as he turned him around. Using the pole Brian had leaned against, Justin braced himself as Brian pressed his way in. After only a couple strokes they both muffled their voices as they climaxed together.

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and they rested against the structure in front of them.  Once they caught their breath they put their clothes back in place and, hand in hand, walked back to the car. Brian unlocked the car as Justin handed the junkie the other halves of the bills and soon they were moving toward New York City again. They talked until Justin dozed off and the next thing he knew Brian was stroking his cheek.

"Hey, sleeping beauty, I could use some directions soon."

Justin guided Brian through the city and then guided him down an alley and then into an underground garage. Once the car was parked in his designated spot, Brian and Justin walked to the apartment building about a block away.

Brian looked around and draped an arm around Justin's shoulder. "Do you miss living here? I mean Pittsburgh is a city but this is one of a kind."

"I admit I miss some of the art scene, but Pittsburgh has a bigger draw for me." He kissed Brian's cheek and then turned toward an archway. 

"You live off the street?"

"There is just a small courtyard into the building." Justin smiled at an older gentleman standing at the door.

"Mr. Taylor, I was very happy to hear you would be here this weekend. I miss that beautiful face."

"Oh, Charles, I was hoping you would be working today. You have semi-retired, haven't you?"

"Yes, I only work two afternoons a week anymore. Now, you have not introduced me to your handsome friend."

"Charles, I would like you to meet Brian Kinney."

The older man extended his hand to Brian and said, "Welcome, Mr. Kinney.  I can see you have made my young friend very happy."

Brian shook the hand of the frail old man. "It is nice to meet you. I have made it my life's purpose to make Sunshine happy."

"Oh, that name is so fitting. Justin has always brightened my day." Charles opened the door, "I forget my manners. Is there anything I can do for you before I leave my shift?"

"Would you work your magic and get reservations at..." 

"The Spices of Heaven?" Charles finished his thought.

"Yes! For around 8:00?"

"I will call and let you know if I can manage it. I will do my best." 

"You always do!," Justin handed him a $100 bill.

"This isn't necessary. This is my job."

"Take your beautiful husband somewhere nice."

"Oh, my Freddy doesn't get out much anymore but I will order a lovely meal in."

Justin led the way with Brian right behind him. They got on the elevator and Justin pressed 27. Brian asked curiously, "Has Charles been here as long as I suspect?"

"I think he has been here since the building went up. I am glad he is only working a few hours a week now. Freddy was a performer back in the day, working at nightclubs, but he is in a wheelchair most of the time now. Charles was doing his best to pay the rent, working 40 hours a week. The man was 75 and he couldn't keep that up."

"So what are you doing for them?" Brian said as he followed Justin off the elevator and on to a small reception area with two doors. He turned to the right and opened the door. The entire wall ahead of them was windows looking over the city. Brian wasn't sure he had ever seen such a view.

"I don't do much for them. I just set up a small fund for them that helps supplement the cost of the apartment they rent. I took a worthless painting they wanted to sell and told them it was valuable. I put the money in a bank account and it should be enough for them to live out their lives and get buried."

Brian pulled him close, "You really are a great person."

"You would do the same thing if you could. I know you have given many hours to help Cap and Angie with different things. Money isn't everything." He tilted his head backward and Brian lowered his lips. They were just leaning into each other when there was a buzz. "That will be Charles." Justin walked over to a phone on the wall near the door. He said a few words but Brian didn't catch it. He was too busy looking out the window to pay attention. He kept noticing something he recognized. He picked up both suitcases and carried them into what was obviously the main suite. It looked and smelled like Justin.

"You found the bedroom." Just wrapped his arms around Brian's waist. "Charles just told me they had a 7:45 reservation for us. That gives us an hour and a half before we need to get ready to go. There's a hot tub out on the terrace. No suits required."

Before Justin had the sentence out, Brian's shirt landed on the bed. A minute later they were both naked and as Brian opened the door to the terrace he asked, "Is this thing always ready?"

Justin swatted one of Brian's ass cheeks, "No. When I let the manager know I was coming in, they freshened up the place and got it ready."

Together they pulled off the cover and steam rolled out. Brian took in the view. "This is amazing out here. Do you really want to give this up for our loft?" He stepped into the spa and sat down sighing, while Justin followed him in and sat next to him. "I know this sounds stupid but I am going to say it anyway. This place doesn't have you."

"Well, I think we just need to schedule trips every couple months and maybe a longer trip a couple times a year."

"Maybe I will take a job now and then?"

"Justin, you are your own man. I hope you will tell me when you plan it and maybe I can help in some way?"

Justin put his arms around him and kissed his cheek. "I don't want to get you involved. I need someone who can bail me out." Brian reached around and pulled Justin on his lap so they were facing each other,

"Do you want me to get involved here?" Brian's fingers trailed down Justin's back and then in between the valley of his cheeks and began to gently massage the small bud located there.

"Oh, you are always welcome to be involved there." Justin crushed his mouth as Brian found the spot of instant pleasure. He deepened the kiss even further and as their dicks did a tango, Justin cried out and arched as Brian moved his hands up his back for support.

Justin rested his forehead against Brian's. "I don't know if I could ever live without you. I know I don't want to." 

Brian pulled him closer and softly said, "I love you." The kiss that followed was soft and as their tongues began to explore they savored the taste and texture, and as the kiss deepened in passion, their need became intense. "I need to be inside you."

"Oh, yes please." Justin turned around and rested his body over the side of the tub and Brian positioned himself before entering him slowly. He took his time with slow deliberate movements.  Justin's motion matched Brian's and as Justin straightened up, Brian's arms came around his chest and as Justin turned his head for a kiss, their lips met, and the climax ran through them.  Physically, their sex was always great, but today, their hearts and souls soared above the city of New York.

 

Justin's arm was linked in Brian's as they strolled the short distance to the restaurant. Justin made a point to say hi to the man at the bodega on the corner and shared a few words before moving on. "One of my contacts owns this place." He pointed at a small antique shop they were walking past.

"Contact?"

"He would hear lots of stories about treasures. He has a sixth sense when it comes to art and jewelry. He heard stories about a few items that I investigated and some of them were nothing I was interested in, but there were a couple that I liberated."

"That's a polite way to say it. You weren't worried that he would turn you in?"

"No. I helped him with a few things. Once in a while he was in possession of an item he couldn't sell in the standard way so I helped connect him with a..."

"A fence?" Brian put his arm around Justin's waist and pulled him close. "Who knew I would ever be talking about a fence."

Justin looked up and smiled at him, kissing his chin. "Here we are."

 

Justin wasn't wrong. The food was great. It was obvious that Justin had spent a lot of evenings there and spoke to many of the employees as if they were old friends. As they strolled back to the apartment, Brian asked, "So what do we have planned tomorrow?"

"I hope you are up to a couple art galleries, and from 5:00 on, I have a surprise."

"That sounds intriguing. Got a hint for me?" he asked.

"It includes dinner, but that is all I am going to say."

Brian asked a couple more questions but finally Justin stopped and turned to Brian and kissed him. "Enough. Were you this bad as a kid at Christmas?"

Brian didn't say anything and they neared the arch to the apartment. "Christmas meant new socks and underwear. There was usually a small toy, but there was a lot of drinking. There was arguing about the money spent on the gifts. In the end I was just thankful when it ended at the yelling, but some years I said the wrong thing."

Justin stopped walking and wrapped his arms around Brian, holding him tightly against him. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "I should have thought before I spoke."

"You didn't do anything wrong. That hasn't bothered me in years. I guess I didn't know what I was missing until I had it. I am sure you have had a few years..."

"While my parents were together, Christmas was good. Dad drank too much, but that happened all the time. Luckily after the divorce, I got to spend Christmas with Mom and Molly." 

They were silent as they entered the building and took the elevator up to floor 27. "Let's have a nightcap out on the terrace," Justin said, running a finger along Brian's jawline. 

Brian caught his hand and kissed the palm. "You didn't do anything wrong, Sunshine. I only have positive Christmases to look forward to. And I did have plenty of them with Cap and Ang," he said as Justin walked over with two bourbons. He took one of them from him and they walked out to the terrace. They sat on a small outdoor sofa, Brian draping one arm over Justin's shoulder as he took a sip. "Ooo, how much did this bottle cost? I don't know if I have ever had anything so smooth."

"You could afford this. It is just not a common brand, it happens to be my favorite." Justin rested his head on Brian's shoulder. "By the way, when we leave at 5:00 tomorrow you need to be in the suit I brought for you."

"You brought a suit for me?"

"Well, it really is more like a sports coat. It isn't too fancy but it does require a jacket."

This time Brian didn't ask more questions. What time are we leaving for the galleries?"

"Is 10:00 alright? There are bagels and cream cheese for breakfast and I thought we could hit a deli for lunch."

"You are in charge." He set his glass down on the table next to him and put his other arm around Justin, too. He looked at the sky, "You can almost see stars up here. There aren't many places in the city where you are really able to see them."

"That's my favorite part of this place, or it was until you came with me."

"I made the stars less stunning?"

"Brian Kinney, nothing is as stunning as you." Justin kissed him and stood. "Are you ready for bed?"

Brian didn't respond, but he stood and together they moved inside.

 

The next morning they took their time getting ready and then spent several hours in Justin's world. He did a little business while they were out and about. Justin checked on a couple places that sold some of his work, stopped at a small museum, and then they shared a large pastrami on rye and an order of fries. It was still almost too much for the two of them to eat. After going to one more large, well known gallery, they went back to get ready for the evening. 

"Want to share a shower?" Justin asked, standing naked at the door to the bathroom.

"Do we have time to share a long shower?"

"There is always time for a long shower." Justin turned and shook his ass before moving into the large shower stall. 

"Keep the water cool, I think we will create our own heat."

 

Justin had a town car waiting for them when they left the apartment at 5:05. They both had taken a little more time with their grooming and looked extremely handsome together. The driver of the car, a woman of about twenty-five, couldn't take her eyes off them. As they entered the backseat she said, "It is obvious you two are in love, but I hope you don't mind me looking at the beauty you two create together." She shut the door before they could respond and began their journey with them.

"Since we are now on our way I'll fill you in on what we are doing this evening. We are going on a dinner cruise. The food is excellent and the band is one of the best I have heard. I hope you are ready to dance until midnight."

"The idea of a good meal and having you in my arms sounds great, but are you sure about the band? You know my tolerance for bad music is pretty low."

"If it is too bad, we could swim back to the peer."

"Haha," Brian leaned over and kissed him.

"I think I forgot to mention that it is a sunset cruise. It will be beautiful, and later we should be able to see the stars. Oh, and I promise, every ship I have been on, has plenty of little hideaways to do something else."

"So how many of these cruises have you been on? Or maybe I should ask who you've been on the cruises with."

"I'm not going to answer that. You and I both have a past and it is just that, the past." 

"I know you're right. I just hate to think of you with anyone else."

"I didn't love them, Brian." Justin kissed him and added, "If it makes you feel better, I have never been on this boat." 

When the driver opened the door, Brian got out followed by Justin. Each man kissed her cheek as they got out and then Justin said, "We will see you at midnight."

As they walked down the dock, Brian looked around and said, "I see an absence of females."

"Oh, I forgot to mention, it's a men's only cruise."

"The way any happy event should be."

It was a calm night. The sway of the boat was minimal as the sun sank behind the skyline of the city. Brian's hands rested on the rail overtop of Justin's, while Brian's chin rested on Justin's shoulder. Justin rested back against him and he could feel Brian's pulse just from his touch. 

As the sun disappeared, along with the last of its light, music softly began calling all the men from the deck into the dining room. The evening was as magical as Justin had hoped. The food was excellent and the band was as good as Justin had remembered.

Brian and Justin had been on the floor for several songs and when the band took a break, they left the dance floor and made their way to the stern of the ship. "We could do our version of the Titanic," Justin said laughing.

"You weren't lying about the band. They are very good at what they do, not that I doubted you."

"Well, you may have doubted me a little." Justin turned from the railing and into Brian's arms. "I'm glad you enjoyed the evening." 

"Sunshine, I got to spend the evening on a beautiful boat, had a great meal, and got to hold my favorite person in my arms for hours on the dance floor. You do know how to plan the best evenings."

"I think we should go dance to the last set of the night. I didn't make any plans for tomorrow.  Sorry, no planning there." They walked back out on the dance floor.

"I just want to see what a normal Saturday was like when you lived here."

"That sounds perfect." 

Brian moved Justin onto the floor and they danced until the band stopped and the boat docked. 

It was after 2:00 when they fell into bed. They were both too tired to do anything but spoon together. "Good night, Sunshine. I love you."

"I love you, too," he said and he drifted off to sleep.

 

On Saturday, they didn't leave the apartment. They had their meals sent in and they never got out of their robes. By Sunday, when it was time to go back to Pittsburgh, they were both anxious to get back to the loft and the place they now called home.

 

Chapter 10 by Simply written

 

Once back in Pittsburgh, Brian and Justin settled into their life. They hired a contractor to expand the living area to include another bedroom and bath. Molly would be starting her job with the trust soon and she would be spending some time with them, although most of the time she would be working from California. The remodeling plan also had a second suite sketched out. In case they needed more room later.  

Cap was nearly done with his treatment. Brian and Justin had brought dinner at least once a week and had talked to either Cap or Angie a couple times. Cap did well, but by the last couple of weeks he was very tired and he had gotten short with everyone. On Friday Justin had talked to Angie and he could tell she was wearing down. She sounded almost as tired as Cap was.

Justin texted Brian and told him to call when he had a moment to talk. About fifteen minutes later, Brian called. "Hey Sunshine, what's up? Are you planning an orgy for us tonight?"

"Brian Kinney, I'm not enough for you? If I'm not mistaken you were late for work today because you were very satisfied this morning."

Brian's laugh came across the phone. That laugh always made Justin's heart skip a beat. "You are definitely enough for me."

"I talked to Ang this morning. How busy is your afternoon?"

"I should be able to finish up by 3:00. What are you planning?"

"Ang definitely needs a break, but won't do that unless someone is there with Cap. She said he was almost too tired to walk today. Will you go over there and drink some beer while Cap naps and complains?" Justin added, "Not that he doesn't have a right to complain."

"What are you planning for Ang?"

"I am going to take her to a spa. When I explained to the spa owner about what had been going on, she said she could get both of us in for three hours of relaxation."

"What time do you need me over there?"

"3:45 at the latest."

"If you can bring me some sweats and a t-shirt, I can make this work. I will see you over there." Justin thought he had hung up, but then he added, "Justin, thanks for doing this. I would have never thought to do that. I was going to check on them today but... well, thank you."

"They loved you before I could find you. They deserve everything."

"See you in a couple hours. Call Angie and let her know what you planned."

Justin didn't waste any time calling her, "Justin, two calls in one day?"

"Angie, I want you to be ready to go away at 3:30."

"Oh, Justin, that's thoughtful but I don't know where I would go, even knowing you'd be with Cap."

"Can I change your mind if I tell you Brian will stay with Cap and you and I have an appointment at the spa for a massage and facials?" Justin heard a noise but wasn't sure what it was. "Ang, are you there?"

When her voice came back on line he could hear it was full of emotion. "Oh, Justin," she took a deep breath, "I'll be ready."

 

Brian arrived just in time, and after claiming a kiss from both Angie and Justin, and his bag of clothes, Angie and Justin were gone. Justin had ordered dinner for Brian and Cap that would be delivered around 5:00, but could be kept warm until they were ready to eat. Brian sat on the end of the sectional opposite of Cap who was sound asleep at the moment. He picked up the remote and was soon absorbed in a James Dean movie. 

"Ang?" Cap's eyes fluttered open. "Oh, right, hey Brian."

"Good evening," Brian smiled at the older man. "Figured Ang told you I was coming."

"She did. I just have a little brain fog. I'm so glad I am done with the treatment. It kicked my ass." Brian got up and got him a bottle of water.

"Now you can just chill and get back to normal."

"I know Ang is worn out, too. I've been hard on her."

"Cap, she understands. But I am glad Justin planned this get away for her. They are getting massages, facials, and then going to dinner."

"Does that mean you're cooking dinner?" Cap pulled a face.

"No, that means Justin ordered us dinner."

"I can see why you love that boy," Cap smiled but then got serious. "I do understand why you love him. He is everything we hoped you would find."

"Ya, I got lucky." Before Brian could continue, the doorbell rang. "That will be dinner. I'll put it in the oven and bring back..."

"A whiskey. One will not kill me." Cap said as Brian moved to the door.

 

Justin and Angie sat side by side getting facials. Angie reached over and located Justin's hand and squeezed it. "Thank you for all of this."

"I have to say, it is a real imposition to get a facial and massage." Justin tightened his grip once more before letting her hand go.  

When they finished the facial they got separate massages and at 7:00 they met in the lobby of the spa and Justin escorted her out to his car. "Where would you like to go for dinner?"

"We can just go through a drive thru."

"I knew you would say that so I already made reservations at that hot new place we were talking about the other night."

"Justin, that isn't necessary."

"No one said anything about necessary. Let Brian and Cap gossip about work. We can plan the shop downstairs."

Once they were at a table with a glass of wine, Angie took a sip and said, "Did I tell you I turned in my resignation."

"No. When did you do that?"

"Just this week. I had taken off a lot of time the last couple months and I decided they obviously could manage without me. I feel like Cap and I have a second chance, and this time around, I plan to enjoy my time with that man and I think my new boss will be flexible."

"Well, I am sure that can be worked out." Justin raised his glass of wine and Angie met him with her own. "If you have a day this week you can come over, I'd like to get your opinion about a couple of things. "I want to get to work first thing in the morning so just plan on it Monday. I'll be there around 8:30." 

The rest of the meal they ate and talked. Justin stopped drinking after a couple glasses of wine but by the time Justin drove Ang home, she had drunk several glasses and she leaned on Justin for support. He drove her home and assisted her into the house. There was a note from Brian on the counter letting Angie know he stayed until Cap went to bed for the night. He let her know Cap had eaten well and there were a few leftovers in the fridge.

"Well, I will go home to my guy. If you need anything, you know where to find us, and I will see you Monday morning." Justin kissed her cheek and she hugged him tightly.  

"Thank you, Justin. Today was just what I needed." She called after him as he jogged to the car. 

Before pulling out, he texted Brian he was on the way and then pulled out into traffic. As he pushed the remote for the garage door, he saw Brian was waiting for him totally naked and holding a bouquet of flowers below his waist. Justin pulled in and closed the door behind him as he turned off the car. Brian walked over and opened the car door for him and Justin stood up as Brian extended the flowers and Justin took them.

"What are these for?" he asked as he ran his hand down Brian's naked body.

"The flowers are from Cap." Brian's arm went around Justin and pulled him close.

"Cap wanted you to get me flowers?"

"He was touched that you thought about Angie. He knows it hasn't been easier for her." Justin began leaving a trail of kisses across his chest making it hard for him to think straight.

"And he told you to meet me naked?"

"No, that was my idea, but right now it doesn't seem fair," Brian said, as Justin latched onto one of his nipples. He began to tug Justin's shirt out of his pants and then, after undoing a couple buttons and laying the flowers on the car, he tugged Justin's shirt off over his head.   

"I take it we aren't going upstairs before we..." Brian's mouth crushed Justin's.

As he ran his hands down Justin's back he whispered, "You're all oily and you smell of lavender and cedar."

Justin undid his own fly and let his pants fall to the floor. Brian didn't waste any time. He turned Justin around and laid him down on the hood of the car. Justin wrapped his legs around Brian's waist and pulled him in. He then sat up and put his arms around Brian's neck. He made sure the car would still support some of his weight. 

Once they got into a rhythm, neither of them wanted it to end, but soon neither of them could hang on anymore and Justin tightened his grip on Brian and pulled him over so they both rested on the car as the waves rolled through them. As Brian lost his footing they both slid down the hood, and awkwardly but gently they landed on the floor.

When they both stopped laughing, Brian got serious. "We didn't scratch the paint job did we?"           

"I've had the paint touched up before," Justin smiled as he kissed him before standing up. 

Justin offered Brian a hand and Brian stood. "You didn't scratch it the same way then, did you?" 

Justin didn't respond until he looked at the car. "I don't see anything."

Brian pulled him in. "You didn't answer me."

"Brian, is there a reason you have been so possessive lately?"

"Let's go upstairs. I'm getting cold."

"Sure, but this isn't over." He led the way up the steps, carrying his clothes in one hand and his flowers in the other. Once they were in the apartment, Justin pulled on a robe and put his flowers in a vase before sitting down with Brian who had also slipped into a robe and poured them each two fingers of whiskey. They sat on the sofa and Justin leaned against Brian. 

Justin told Brian about Angie coming Monday to start planning the shop downstairs and they talked about Cap. "He has nights when he comes home tired but he has never felt so exhausted."       

"Does he seem overwhelmed by it?"

Brian thought for a moment. "He really didn't. It will be hard for him to take it slow but I'll watch at work and remind him his body needs rest and the better he takes care of himself, the faster he will be back to full time."

"I'm glad. Ang really needed a break. They love each other so much. I don't know if I have ever seen a couple that close. You can just see they are best friends." Brian finished his drink and laid down so his head was in Justin's lap. "Bri, what is it? We both have had a well lived life before. Now we're together. The past is just that, the past."

"You have so much, Brian said. You don't need me." Justin used his fingers through Brian's hair. "Hell, you almost have the shop completely ordered and I don't even know the layout."

"Brian, are you feeling left out? I didn't know you wanted to be involved."

Brian stopped Justin's hand and linked his fingers with it. "I'm not feeling left out as much as unneeded. I've always been the guy who is self-assured."

Justin pushed Brian into a sitting position. "What are you saying? Please don't tell me you don't want this anymore. I mean, all the remodeling, all the planning, all the... " Justin took a deep breath, "I thought we loved each other." By now he was on his feet pacing back and forth.

"Woah," Brian stood and wrapped him in his arms. He kissed him, and as he did Justin's body relaxed. After a few minutes Brian took a step back, "I'm not going anywhere. Wow, I guess you aren't as independent as I thought."

"Brian, it scares me sometimes how hard it is for me to breathe when I'm not with you, and then the moment I see you my heart stops racing and everything balances itself."                                               

"My cat burglar gets nervous?"

"Not when I'm breaking in somewhere, but I really don't want to come home to an empty apartment anymore." Justin's arms went around Brian's neck and they began to sway to  unheard music. Justin softly began to sing.

♪Nights in white satin

Never reaching the end

Letters I've written

Never meaning to send

Beauty I'd always missed

With these eyes before

Just what the truth is

I can't say anymore

'Cause I love you

Yes I love you

Oh, how I love you

Gazing at people

Some hand in hand

Just what I'm going through

They can't understand

Some try to tell me

Thoughts they cannot defend

Just what you want to be

You will be in the end

And I love you

Yes I love you

Oh, how I love you

Oh, how I love you♪

Songwriters: Justin Hayward                     

 

By the time Justin got through the second verse, Brian had moved toward the steps to the bedroom. In response to Justin's song, Brian responded by singing back, "Yes, I love you. Oh, how I love you."

Together they moved up the two steps and proceeded to the bed where they made love until the sun began to rise.

 

A month later, a lot of changes had occurred. Cap was still a little sluggish but he was back to work full time and didn't have to go back to the oncologist for three months. And the other big change at their house was Angie left at 6:00 every morning to open Justin's new shop everyday. 

Justin had turned the name of the place over and over in his head for several days and one night about 3:00 a.m. he sat up and said, "Java & Brush!"                        

"Have you lost your mind?" Brian grumbled after being woken up from a deep sleep.

"I finally decided on a name."

"For the last week you have had 100 perfect names. I heard the Brush and Brew, the Painted Bean, the Easel Cafe and on and on and on..." Brian pulled Justin back down and kissed his temple and smiled, "I like it."

Justin nestled his head on Brian's shoulder, "I hadn't thought of that, but I think it is perfect.  Hopefully Angie likes it and just in time. Most of the furnishings are being delivered tomorrow and now I know what to add to my sign design. Sorry, I woke you." Justin pressed himself against Brian and yawned. 

Brian smiled at him and said, "I'm glad you found your name." He held Justin close and just as he was drifting off he said sleepily, "You know those are our initials."

"Ya, Love, that's what makes it perfect."                                        

 

"What time is Molly getting here? Does someone need to pick her up at the airport?" Brian asked as he walked into the shop. The next day was the grand opening and there was a lot going on.

"I offered. She said she would take an Uber, which is probably good because I have so much to do," Justin said as he rushed to open the door for Angie and Cap. They both had their arms full of paper products for the coffee shop.

"Justin, you have to see these. The branding is perfect."

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin's shoulders from behind, "Of course they are. Justin designed them." He kissed him on the temple from behind.                        

"Is your sister here yet? Does Cap need to pick her up?" Angie asked. 

"I just told Brian she is taking an Uber from the airport. That was her choice. She should be here in a couple hours. She is in the air now but should be landing in half an hour."

"I can't wait to meet her. Do you think she will want to move here? I think it would be great if she moved here."

"Originally she was sure she wanted to stay near Mom in California, but Mom is thinking about moving further north, and if she does that Molly will probably move here."

"And live with you?" Cap questioned. He knew Brian and Justin liked their space and let the spirit move them when the mood hit.

Justin smiled and said, "She will for this visit. If she decides to move, we will either do a little more remodeling or she can move into my old apartment. She could live and work out of there."   Justin's phone pinged and he looked at the message. His expression didn't change but Brian noticed a flicker in his eyes.

"Everything okay?" 

"Ya, no big deal," Justin said before they all got busy on their own tasks.

They went about finishing last minute details around the shop but the first time he had a chance to get him alone, Brian asked Justin, "What was the message?"

"An old contact sent me some information. I'll have to look into it tonight. It's nothing that has to happen right now, but if what I read is true, I might be planning my next, um, project."

"What is it?"

"Are you sure you want to get involved? You work for the police."

"So do you."

"I am contracted by the police.That's a little different. Let me look into this and if it checks out I will let you know some of the details."

"That's fair." Brian dropped a kiss on the end of his nose. "I don't need to know everything, especially if you aren't doing anything with it, but if you plan to..."

Justin bit Brian's chin gently, "I will tell you as much as needed when the time comes."      

 

Justin started pacing when his sister was getting close. Molly had never been to one of Justin's homes. He had talked to Brian for several nights about telling her about his real profession and how it is connected to her new job with him. With Brian's support he decided he was going to tell Molly everything. Brian had assured him that Molly would understand his past and if she really didn't like him doing it now, he would stop. He could do other things to help keep the funding for his trust. His new ceramics line was taking off and the money was starting to come in. He wasn't worried about that.

As Justin was mulling over the conversation he planned to have with her, Brian saw a car pull up in the parking lot and he went out to meet her. "Brian!" He ran into his arms for a hug and then started to go back to get her luggage.

"It is great to see you, Molly. I'm glad you're here. I will get your stuff and you go in and see your brother." He pointed to the shop and headed to the car.

Justin wouldn't have heard Molly except the door chimes sounded as she entered. "Sorry, we aren't open... Molly!" He quickly strode across the shop and hugged her. "How did I miss you?"

"I don't know. What were you doing?"

"Thinking about you."

"You have an amazing boyfriend that looks like Brian and you were thinking about me? Bro, where are your priorities?"

"Trust me, he takes up enough of my thoughts. How was your flight?"

"Uneventful. Now show me around this place." After Justin showed her around the store and then the studio, he brought her up to the loft. "And here's your room," he said as they entered the new hall that had been finished a couple weeks ago. "Let me show you the new section that was just finished. We wanted a place for guests and you are our first." He led her into a spacious bedroom that included a large closet and bath. Her bags were already sitting inside the closet.

"This place is great, Justin. Do you and Brian own all of this?"

"Yes, it is in both our names."

"I know you didn't grow up with money and neither did Brian. Your art must be doing great!"

"This area isn't that expensive. Brian was renting the apartment here when we met." He put a hand in the middle of her lower back and guided her to the original residence. "And here is the rest of it."

"Wow! this is a great space." She saw Brian sitting on the sofa drinking a beer and said, "Thanks for bringing my bag in. I love this place."

"Want a beer?" Justin asked her.

"What else do you have?"

"Wine and a wide array of other liquor."

"I'll take a glass of wine. Do we have plans this evening?"

"We do. You are going to meet Brian's family. I told you about Angie and Cap, right?"

"Oh, great! I can't wait to meet them. She is working for you, right?"

"She is the manager and will do all the ordering, although I will keep track of the art supplies mostly. You will love them. Angie is a lot like Mom. Speaking of Mom, is she really moving north?"

"She is, and she knows if I like it out here, I am moving. I'm starting my adult life. You and I just need to get to know each other better. I mean, you don't own a place like this as a struggling artist and an investigator that works for the police."

Brian tightened his arm around Justin who was sitting next to him. "Molly, Justin debated how much to tell you in this conversation and he decided you deserve to know it all because you will be working with him and, more importantly..."

"Mol, you are an adult and I know you love me as much as I love you." With Brian's moral support Justin started talking. "You know what a loser Dad is. Through his crooked dealings I learned anyone should be able to make a life for themselves. I soon figured out the best way to slip in and out. It started with lifting a pair of earrings or a watch. Then I saw a painting that was small and easy to lift."

"Justin! You were a thief?" Molly sounded intrigued, not upset. 

"He was one of the best," Brian said proudly. "When he told me the basics a while back, I put my skills to work. Not only was Justin never arrested, he was never on the radar."

"I didn't know you did that?" Justin jabbed him in the ribs. "You didn't trust me?"

"No. I was just making sure no one had an old tracker on you."

"Ah, that's sweet," Molly said.

Justin went on, and told her by the time he set up the trust, using money from his ill gotten gains, he had started making good money with investments and his art, and was only taking items to return them to their rightful owners and for those that could afford it, they gave him a finders fee. "So, Molly, do you still want to work with me?"

"My brother is Robin Hood. Of course I want to be in on it." 

"I'm so glad! Now I need to get ready to go to dinner. It is nothing fancy but I have been sweating most of the day, both physically and mentally. We will leave in an hour."

"I'll come along and wash your back," Brian said, standing up.

"Just remember you said an hour. I am going to get out of my travel clothes, too."       

 

By the end of the evening, Angie and Cap were in love with Molly, and Molly felt right at home with them. As they were getting ready to leave, Angie said, "You know, Molly, if you decide to stay here, I could probably use your help in the store. Justin said you will have busy spots at the Scholarship trust, but in the slow season maybe you could come work at the shop. I like to try my hand at making some lunch items for our menu."

"I would love that. I make great brownies and have a couple other bars I like to make, too. I'm hoping my artistic bro will let me help with the marketing. I love the branding, but now it is time for promotion."

"Come on, bossy. We will all be up early tomorrow," Justin said as he stood.        

After a round of goodbyes, they all agreed they would see each other at 6:00 a.m., as Brian, Justin, and Molly drove away.

 

At 3:00 a.m. Justin crept out of bed and went down to the shop. He looked at a couple items he just wasn't sure about and then went over to the coffee bar. He got hot water out of the dispenser and made a cup of tea. Sitting on one of the loveseats, he let everything soak in. 

"I thought I'd find you here. Couldn't sleep?" Brian asked, sitting down next to him.

"No. Nerves I guess. Can I get you a cup of tea?"

"No thanks. This from a guy who breaks into places for a living."

"Not anymore. I am legitimate now." He moved a hand out in front of him.

"Whatever happened with the text you got a while back? Sorry, I can't even remember when it was."

"I was sent the basic details and I've glanced at it, but I have been a little busy."

"The fact that you are thinking about it means something about it has your interest."

"I keep telling myself I don't need that anymore. I mean I am already running two businesses, and I will have a third tomorrow. Why do I keep thinking about the possibility of doing this job?"

"Because it is part of you. Art is a part of you. Helping students better themselves with less to worry about. That is part of your heart. I think your adventures touch a whole other part of you. He reached over and ran his hand down to Justin's crotch. "And I have been excited to be a part of the private adventures."

"I think it is only good luck for us to christen the new store, don't you?"

"Happy to oblige," Brian said, taking the mug from Justin's hand as he laid him down. 

 

Brian and Justin had gone back upstairs after making love and both got a little bit more sleep. By 6:00 they were downstairs along with Molly and Angie, even Cap was there. When the doors opened at 7:00, there was an eclectic line of people waiting. Most were there for coffee and pastry, but many of them wandered the shop and before the end of the day two of the art classes he was offering in the next month were full and the third only had a few spots left.

When 5:00 rolled around and they locked the doors, Brian invited Angie and Cap to join them for dinner but Angie declined. Cap had left about noon. There wasn't much for him to do and he still needed extra rest when he could get it. Angie would be back the next morning, and Molly, along with a college student they had hired, would be there to do it all over again.

Brian ordered a pizza and Molly grabbed beer and wine out of the fridge and the three of them sat around the coffee table in the living room. They were all quiet as they ate. None of them had eaten much all day so the pizza disappeared quickly.  

Brian finally broke the silence as he stretched out on the sofa. "Did you have a chance to track numbers at all today? Was it as good a day as it seems?"

"We had a great first day. I sold more art supplies than I thought I would. I had people asking for some specific types of classes, which have given me more ideas. I think I will look for more artists who might be willing to do some demonstrations. I feel really good."

"It was a lot of fun. I like getting to know the neighborhood people. It might be a great way for me to make friends." Molly stretched out on the floor.

"I know we are all tired and this might not be the best time to bring this up, but why not," Justin said as he took a deep breath. "I feel like this is a new beginning in a lot of ways. We have our new place finished. The new shop is open. Molly is here and is going to be here full time very soon. I guess I feel we are family and partners, and I have a question to ask.

"You have me curious now," Molly said, sitting up. "Spill!"

Justin brushed Brian's legs off the sofa and sat down next to him. "I have been notified about an item that needs to be returned to its rightful owner, but I will need help with the preparation. Are you both in?"

Molly instantly responded with yes. "I have needed some excitement in my life!"

Brian smiled and kissed him as he ensconced him in his arms. "Of course, I'm in. I've caught my thief, and I will never let you go."

 

The End

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1812