Together by Conzieu
FeatureSummary:

Sequel to In His Kiss.

***Reader's Choice Favorite Original Character - Jessica Hammon***


Categories: QAF US, Reader's Choice Award Characters: Brandon, Brian Kinney, Ethan Gold, Justin Taylor, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 38 Completed: Yes Word count: 254543 Read: 322424 Published: May 23, 2016 Updated: Jul 01, 2017
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 - And so it begins. by Conzieu

2. Chapter 2 - An ad exec's job is never done. by Conzieu

3. Chapter 3 - Getting his way, of course. by Conzieu

4. Chapter 4 - Let's Dance. by Conzieu

5. Chapter 5 - The end of a very long day. by Conzieu

6. Chapter 6 - Race to the finish. by Conzieu

7. Chapter 7 - Let's celebrate! by Conzieu

8. Chapter 8 - Getting to know you. by Conzieu

9. Chapter 9 - Purgatory. by Conzieu

10. Chapter 10 - Purgatory - Part 2. by Conzieu

11. Chapter 11 - Dichotomy. by Conzieu

12. Chapter 12 - Wedding Bells. by Conzieu

13. Chapter 13 - Together. by Conzieu

14. Chapter 14 - Together - Part 2. by Conzieu

15. Chapter 15 - Live and love. by Conzieu

16. Chapter 16 - Live and love - Part 2. by Conzieu

17. Chapter 17 - Besheert. by Conzieu

18. Chapter 18 - Discovery. by Conzieu

19. Chapter 19 - Discovery - Part 2. by Conzieu

20. Chapter 20 - Making love. by Conzieu

21. Chapter 21 - Making love - Part 2. by Conzieu

22. Chapter 22 - Making love - Part 3. by Conzieu

23. Chapter 23 - Celebration. by Conzieu

24. Chapter 24 - Truly, Madly, Deeply. by Conzieu

25. Chapter 25 - Sunday. by Conzieu

26. Chapter 26 - Sunshine's Sunday. by Conzieu

27. Chapter 27 - The Eye of the Storm - Part 1. by Conzieu

28. Chapter 28 - The Eye of the Storm - Part 2. by Conzieu

29. Chapter 29 - To Catch a Thief - Part 1 . by Conzieu

30. Chapter 30 - After the Theft. by Conzieu

31. Chapter 31 - To Catch a Thief - Part 2. by Conzieu

32. Chapter 32 - To Catch a Thief - Part 3. by Conzieu

33. Chapter 33 - What was he thinking?. by Conzieu

34. Chapter 34 - Far from home.. by Conzieu

35. Chapter 35 - You can't trust anybody. by Conzieu

36. Chapter 36 - A nerve wracking day. by Conzieu

37. Chapter 37 - Sharing the joy. by Conzieu

38. Chapter 38 - Wedding night. by Conzieu

Chapter 1 - And so it begins. by Conzieu


 

 

And so it begins



Brian was pleasantly surprised by how much he enjoyed the afternoon and early evening. Mel was a great swimmer, swim team in high school or whatever, and had already started to teach Gus the basics in the summer so he was confident in the water. She reviewed with him what they’d learned, and Gus was tickled pink to show off for his dad.


Gus was in heaven, really. Having both his Dad’s and his Jutsin’s attention was the best. They had him swim between them, getting further and further apart. He did great. Then Brian showed him how to swim between Justin’s legs, and a new game was on. By the time the pizza they had ordered for dinner arrived, sonny boy was exhausted but a very happy boy. He fell asleep with a piece of pizza in his mouth and Brian wrapped him in dry towels to keep him warm.


“We are going to discuss with my partners if it’s all right for Justin to get the job in the Art Department,” Brian said to Lindsay, knowing she would be pleased.


“If I hadn’t heard it myself, I wouldn’t fucking believe it,” commented Mel at the news. “Brian Kinney is going to grow some balls and publicly acknowledge he has a boyfriend.”


How reassuring. He had started thinking maybe aliens had kidnapped the real Mel. “No,” said Brian. “I’m going to tell them Justin is my sex slave.” Lindsay and Justin both cracked up.


Then Justin corrected, “I thought we’d agreed to tell them you were my sex slave.” This time, Mel joined Lindsay in laughing.


“Right,” said Brian, grinning at Justin. “That.”


“We need to get you that collar…”


They smiled at each other. Brian sat behind Justin and wrapped him in his arms, stealing the olives off his pizza. He loved holding him.


“You should see some of his designs,” Brian said to Lindsay. “He is brilliant.”


“And you are embarrassing the hell out of me,” said Justin.


“Wouldn’t it be more embarrassing if I said you sucked?”


“It would,” conceded Justin, laughing.


Lindsay smiled at him. “It’s not as if I'm surprised Justin. If your designs are anything like your paintings, you should take pride in them…”


“I am one of many in Plexus’ Art Department. It's full of gifted people. It will be a great place to work, if they let me.”


“And if they don’t, I plan on using Justin on a freelance basis.”


“You do?” asked Justin surprised, turning around to look at Brian.


“I’d mentioned it to you, remember?” replied Brian softly. “Regarding Ste. Blanche?”


Justin looked at him, shaking his head. “I’m pretty sure I’ll never completely understand you…” he replied, just as softly.


Brian rolled in his lips, looking at his hand. “I don’t always understand myself, Justin.” He looked up at him and wrapped his arms tightly around Justin. “But I do know I want you. I’ve never been so sure about anything in my life.”


What started at a light brushing of the lips soon turned into a full on kiss until Mel’s rather loud theatrical cough brought them back poolside.


“There are children present, you know…” Considering both JR and Gus were dead to the world, Brian gave her the finger, but Justin laughed and pulled out of their kiss.


Mel decided to go swim some laps before eating any more pizza, and Justin joined her. He was a good swimmer, years of lessons at the country club showing.


“You know, it’s funny,” said Lindz, “but when I met Justin at Thanksgiving, I thought, ‘I bet Brian would go crazy for that boy, and that Justin would give him a run for his money!’ and look at you now…”


“So, how are you and Mel doing? Any recurrence of the Lesbian Death Bed?” Brian answered with a smirk.


Lindz laughed. “I like the subtle way you have to tell me to mind my own business. We're doing great, thank you. And I am not so easily deterred. I am glad you found someone, Brian. And I’m glad it’s Justin. He's great, and Gus loves him. Did you really have no idea he’d been here and had met all of us?”


“None.”


“What happened at Debbie’s? You guys just disappeared. Carl said he send you to get some ice, of all things.”


“He did.”


“Brian! Come on! Give a little!”


Brian did not want to talk about it, but this was Lindz.


“Justin finished his internship. We fucked. He left.” Brian looked away. “I…I wasn’t as glad about it as I’d thought.” He looked back at her. “When he opened the door for me at Debbie’s I thought I was delusional. We left. We talked. We fucked. And he’s not a one-night stand anymore.”


“Why do I have a feeling there is much more to it than this?”


“This was the long version, Lindz.”


“The best anyone is going to get, I suppose. Well, regardless. I’m happy for you.”


“Oh, good, now my life is complete.” He got up, holding a dry towel for a wet Justin, who had just gotten out of the water. He wrapped him up, and they sat back down as before, sharing a recliner, Justin nestled in his arms. Lindz looked at Brian with a smile. He ignored her.


When it was time for them to go, Gus was so tired he did not even wake up when his mom put him in his pajamas and clipped him in his car seat.


Lindsay kissed Brian on the cheek. “Thanks. That was a great idea.”


“I’ll come by tomorrow, OK?” He didn’t want a day to go by without seeing Gus.


“Anytime. Gus is in heaven, you know?” She smiled.


Back in the suite, Brian bitched about the level of chlorination in the pool. He stank and it was terrible for his skin and hair. He washed his whole body and his hair twice, and could still smell the chlorine on his skin but then Justin swallowed his cock. His focus quickly changed as Justin had an amazing gift for that task. Concentrating on staying upright as his mind was slowly unraveled by the truly amazing and blissful sensations that led to what felt like an eternity of pure ecstasy, he decided that just now he didn’t give a shit about premature aging.


They got dressed and headed to Woody’s where Brian had time to give Justin another lesson before the rest of the gang showed up. Justin was definitely getting better. He held his own when they all played.


In the course of the evening several guys came cruising Brian, but he dismissed them with a definite, “Not interested.”


The fifth or sixth time, Ted shook his head. “Some things never change,” Brian heard him comment to Justin. “It’s been this way as long as I’ve known him.”

 

 

Brian, who was taking a shot, felt Justin’s eyes on him.

 

 

“Brian’s beautiful,” Justin answered simply, and Brian felt really good.


Then the man from the diner, ‘Slade’, came into the room and smiled at Justin. He was coming over obviously intending to start a conversation, so Brian went and wrapped Justin in his arms from behind. He looked pointedly at ‘Slade’ and said, “Not interested,” and told Justin, “Shit, Sunshine, how many guys am I going to have to chase away from you tonight?”


“What about all those guys cruising you!” Justin said laughing.


“What guys?” said Brian and kissed him. He could see Ted smirking but didn't give a shit.


Close to eleven, Emmett and Drew went home but the rest of them headed for Babylon. Blake, Ben and Justin hit the dance floor, while the rest of them hit the bar. Justin had apparently realized that Brian, Michael and Ted were friends of long standing, and he seemed content to let Brian have some time alone with them.


It was amazing how three years just disappeared. They took up the conversation where they’d left off, Michael and Ted commenting on the hot guys and Brian shooting them down. Mikey talking about Red Cape and new comics, Ted joking about his job at Brian’s old firm (he was actually doing extremely well, having somehow become the right arm of one of the principles) and Brian peppering the conversation with sarcastic remarks.


While talking to Mikey and Ted, Brian kept an eye on Justin, who was in his Club mode, dancing for the sheer joy of it. He had a grace, an unselfconsciousness that made him stand out from Blake and Ben. His perfect ass and his blond hair didn’t hurt. Had he been dancing alone out there, he would have probably already gotten offers of getting blown by guys who just wanted a little piece of him. There was nothing contrived about him. He was just natural, and beautiful. The glitter fell, and stuck to his sweaty body, and he was like some blond angel, glittering under the lights.


Suddenly, both Daphne and Brandon were there, dancing with the three of them. Brandon put his arm around Justin and said something in his ear that made Justin laugh, and Brian couldn’t help but feel a twinge of jealousy and was amused by the unfamiliar feeling. It was self-doubt, not a lack in trust in Justin. Justin was his. He knew that with an amazing certainty. Justin had given him his heart, his body, and they were his to keep unless he himself did something to betray Justin’s trust, or until the day he decided he did not want them anymore. Neither of which were ever going to happen.


“Why is that Bandon guy dancing with them?” asked Michael sounding peevish. “Look at him, he's all over Justin. Doesn’t that bother you?”


“They’re friends,” shrugged Brian, nonchalantly.


“Well, he’s not touching Ben. I’m going out there.” Michael joined his husband on the dance floor.

 

 

“Do you think he’s going to piss on Ben’s leg to mark his territory?” Ted asked Brian.


“I wouldn’t be surprised,” answered Brian finding the image particularly funny.


Justin was evidently introducing Brandon to Blake, Ben, and Michael, and at the next change of song, they all came to the bar. Brian was prepared and handed Justin a bottle of water which he took gratefully, tucking himself against Brian’s body. He smelled marvelously of Justin-clean-sweat and Brian licked behind his ear, just to get a taste of it. His cock had gone instantly hard and Justin wiggled his ass against it playfully. Brian reached around Justin's body and tweaked his nipple ring, making him squirm. Justin turned around and grinned at him. As soon as the bottle was empty, Daphne dragged Justin back to the dance floor. They chatted and laughed as they danced.


Brandon had greeted him with a rather friendly, “Hi, Brian. How is it going?” Which Brian had returned and then Blake introduced him to Ted. It sounded as if the three of them started a conversation about opera, of all things. Ted looked impressed which meant Brandon must really know what he was talking about. Wonders never ceased. Michael and Ben were saying their goodbyes. Brian was having lunch with Michael the next day, so he didn’t mind. After a while, Ted and Blake headed out as well. Brian and Brandon leaned side by side against the bar, both drinking J&B and looking at Justin and Daphne, watching other guys watching them dance, other guys watching Justin.


“I’m in love with your boyfriend,” said Brandon, conversationally.


“I’m aware,” replied Brian, in the same tone.


“You are a very lucky man,” added Brandon. “Don’t fuck it up.”


Brian looked at him and said, “I would have rather thought you would want me to fuck it up. Then you’d get your chance.”


Brandon shook his head. “Please tell me you are not really this obtuse, Kinney. Justin loves you. You can fuck up as much as you want and it might break him, kill that smile of his, but he would still be yours. That’s not going to change. I just hope you don’t, that’s all. I love him. I want him to be happy. So take care of him.”


He finished his glass and joined Justin and Daphne on the dance floor. The three of them together made quite a sight. Almost immediately, guys started trying to get Brandon’s attention, just to get the brush off. Brandon was having fun. They would have to wait until he lost his two dancing partners.


Brian only had eyes for Justin. ‘I love him,’ Brandon had said, so easily. ‘I’m in love with your boyfriend.’ So easy for Brandon to admit. Brian took a deep breath. His heart was beating hard in his chest, his palms were suddenly wet and his mouth dry. Justin danced, looking breathtakingly beautiful, smiling and happy.


Brian closed his eyes and thought of their kiss, of Justin making love to him so tenderly, of Justin’s complete surrender when Brian took him. He thought of Justin’s art, of his wondrous gift, of the way he called his bluffs, of Gus on his Jutsin’s hip, like he belonged there.


He opened his eyes again. Justin was laughing, twirling Daphne, sending her spinning into Brandon’s arms, who twirled her back to him. They were having a great time. Justin looked towards Brian to catch his eye and smiled, including him in their fun. And Brian finally was able to think to himself, “I love him… I love him.” And he smiled back at Justin, his usual controlled, amused little smile, while all the while in his head, in his heart, were the words, like a song. “I love him. I love him. I love him.”


After a while, Justin left his two companions alone and came back to Brian who welcomed him with open arms. “Dance with me,” he said, and that was the best offer Brian had had all night. He rested his wrists on Justin’s shoulders and they moved to the music, staring at each other, smiling. The last time they had danced together, Justin had just given him the most amazing blowjob and then had come in his arms, from his kiss, and it had felt like the most precious gift, even as he was trying to convince himself that it did not matter and meant nothing.


Ten days later, and he freely admitted that it meant everything, that that boy-man in his arms was the most important person in his life. He took his mouth in a kiss and it was heaven, his own personal paradise. He pressed their bodies together, his erection hard against Justin’s hip, Justin’s against his thigh. He dropped one of his hands to Justin’s ass, caressing the mounds through the denim and settled it on his lower back. His other hand was cradling Justin’s head as they kissed.


He let his kiss speak for him, telling Justin everything he did not know how to say any other way, and he could feel Justin’s love in his complete and utter surrender. When Justin started to tremble in his arms, he let his own arousal reach its peak and when Justin’s orgasm pulsed against his thigh, he answered with his own, helplessly coming against Justin’s hip, growling his pleasure in Justin’s mouth.

 

 

“Oh, Brian…” Justin looked completely undone, and Brian knew exactly how he felt, how he himself had felt that first time Justin had reached completion just from his kiss and from his feelings for him.


He smiled at Justin, and kissed him some more, softly, lovingly, holding him tight.


“Let’s go home, please,” said Justin, and Brian smiled.


Saying goodbye did not take them long, and ‘home’ they went.


To be continued...

 

Chapter 2 - An ad exec's job is never done. by Conzieu

 

 

 

An ad exec's job is never done



Justin woke up with his cock deep in Brian’s mouth. He could definitely get used to this. He loved the way Brian suckled on the head for a while then plunged down so it hit the back of his throat. It was fantastic because Brian seemed to derive such enjoyment from it.


There it was again, Brian’s lips tight just below the rim of his glans, suckling deliciously, making Justin keen in pleasure. God, it felt fantastic. Oh god, and now the long slide down, the soft hit at the back and the further slide, snug and tight down his throat, taking in his whole length. Heaven. He knew from experience how long Brian could keep this up, keeping him mewling in a complete state of bliss.


The next time Brian pulled back up he spun his body around and got them both on their sides, so he too could enjoy an early morning treat. Also, that way, he might distract Brian enough to break his rhythm and come before completely losing his mind.


The challenge for those giving Justin head was the size of his glans, which completely blocked their airways as soon as they took him in a little. The challenge with Brian was his length coupled as it was with a non-negligible girth. He had a gorgeous cock really. Justin loved to tease his slit with the tip of his tongue, collecting the precome oozing from it. He loved using the flat of his tongue to massage the spot just below the rim that he instinctively knew was a source of delight.


And he loved that his throat was the perfect size for Brian’s cock to just slide right in, without ever activating his gag reflex or completely blocking his airways. He was able to keep him down his throat and play, as long as he kept his breaths short and shallow. He could run his tongue up and down the vein, or flick it at the base, humming, swallowing around Brian, overwhelming him in sensations.


And here came his reward. The flicking/humming was distracting Brian who had stilled his motions and was now sucking avidly at the top half of Justin’s length held between his tongue and his palate, forgetting his heavenly game of suckle and slide, and Justin’s pleasure was mounting, mounting, cresting… and he moaned loudly as he spilled his come in warm jets into Brian’s mouth.


Whether it was his moan itself, or it’s vibration along the cock deep in Justin’s throat, he wasn’t sure, but he felt Brian’s release, spurting deep beyond his tongue, so far down his throat he did not even taste it. As Brian was licking the head of his cock like a zealous feline, sending shivers down his whole body, he let him soften deep in his throat, swallowing again and again around the spent head. Finally, they let each other go and made their way back to the head of the bed, sharing a king size pillow, smiling at each other.


“Now, I’ve got something to go to confession for,” said Brian.


“Oh, because you didn’t before?” said Justin, laughing.


“No. God and I have an understanding. I start every day with a clean slate. Saves us both time…”


“How convenient. For the both of you.”


“I can see if I can cut you in on the deal, if you’d like…” Brian smirked.


“No need. WASP here. No confession.”


“What a shame. You never get the joy of giving the priest a hard on…”


“How do you know your priest is not straight and totally appalled?”


“I fucked him.”


“WHAT?”


“Fucked him. From behind, on all fours, in the baths.”


Brian looked so evilly mischievous, Justin started laughing and couldn’t stop, especially once Brian started tickling his ribs. Then Brian kissed him on the nose, on the cheeks, and finally on the mouth, playfully, until it turned into their kiss, and Justin wanted Brian to fuck him, right now.


Brian was already reaching for the lube, and as if as an afterthought, for a condom, rolling it on, lubing it generously. Looking at Justin, his eyes warm, he put Justin’s ankles on his shoulders and slid in, slowly, his left hand caressing Justin’s chest, his stomach, his thigh.


Justin just opened up to accept him, like he did when they kissed, thinking of how much he wanted him and loved him, and when Brian was fully in, he let his muscles close back around him, holding him tight.


“God, oh God, Justin…”


Brian started to move, and to Justin it felt wonderful to have him inside, filling him, and to watch him close his eyes, his mouth slightly open, taken away by the pleasure of moving inside him. He was so beautiful when he fucked, so graceful in his motions.


Brian lowered himself onto Justin, found his mouth and pushed his tongue in and out in the same rhythm as his thrusts. Justin’s rational mind shut down as pleasure submerged him, from the cock deep inside him, massaging his prostate, from his own cock, sliding between their sweaty bodies, from Brian’s weight on him like a protective shield, pulling at the ring on his nipple, from Brian’s lips on his, his tongue in his mouth, from Brian’s hands in his hair, groping him lightly, from the feel of Brian’s skin, smooth and warm under his hands… Justin came keening in bliss, nothing left of him but pleasure, feeling Brian’s body tense and release, again and again, to the rhythm of his own orgasm.


Brian pulled out ever so gently and lowered Justin’s legs, massaging them lovingly. He tied off the condom and threw it, with amazing accuracy, into the trash bin, and laid leaning on his elbow above Justin, playing with his hair, kissing him lightly on the lips, smiling. He sighed.


“I need to get ready. I’ve got to pick up the flowers I ordered. What are you doing today?”


“Daphne is coming here. We’re going to swim and we have appointments at the spa. I’ll have my phone with me. Call me when you get back from church. I wasn’t kidding about having fantasies of blowing you in your Armani suit.” Justin smiled at Brian. Right now, he felt completely sated, but he knew that in a couple of hours, the sight of Brian in his suit would definitely have an effect on him.


“You’re on, Sunshine. I’m having lunch with Mikey, but then I’m going to drop by and see Gus. You want to come?”


“Yes, I’d love to. I’ll bring my sketchbook. I want to draw the two of you together.”


Brian smiled. “That would be nice.”


They got up and showered. Before Brian, Justin had never showered with anyone else. He found that he really liked it. He watched Brian shave. That man looked sexy no matter what he was doing. At 22, his own cheeks were still as smooth as ever. His mom was a quarter Cherokee so he’d never have to bother.


In his deep blue Armani suit, his crisp white shirt, his gorgeous Hermes tie, with his Dior overcoat and scarf and leather gloves, Brian would definitely be the handsomest man in church. They left the suite together, Justin wearing one of the hotel’s white terrycloth robes over his togs.


His first appointment, at 9:30, was for a wax. Daphne was due at ten. He had scheduled it that way because ‘Which part of your body are you getting waxed?’ was one conversation they were definitely not going to have. He’d had enough talk about his dick and his sex life with her to last him for a while, thank you.


The elevator had picked up a handful of other people by the time it reached the Spa and pool floor, and Justin smiled at Brian saying, “Later,” before stepping out. The doors were closing when Brian stopped them from the inside, and stepped forward, blocking the sensor and catching Justin by the sleeve. He pulled Justin back against him and kissed his lips, his hand behind his head, before stepping back in again and answering, “Later.” Justin had a smile on his face all the way to the spa.


At a quarter to twelve, as he was just finishing his pedicure, his phone rang. It was Brian’s number.


“Taylor, would you come up to my office, please?”


Justin smiled. Nice. “Yes, Mr. Kinney. I’ll be right up.”


Justin was glad to be alone in the elevator this time, because he was grinning like a loon. He knocked on the door of the suite.


“Yes.”


Justin walked in and dropped his robe. His wet speedo was in the pocket and he had not been wearing anything else. Brian was sitting behind the desk, but got up when Justin entered and came to lean against the front of it, arms crossed. His pants were seriously tented.


“You wanted me, Mr. Kinney?” asked Justin, as he dropped to his knees. Brian undid his belt and unzipped his pants. He was not wearing any underwear and his erection popped free as his pants dropped around his ankles. Justin gave him the most angelic look he could muster and swallowed him.


Brian moaned, and his hands came to play with Justin’s hair, as Justin did all the things he did so well to drive the man insane. Then he took a long breath and started moving deeply and quickly, fucking his throat with Brian’s cock. He put his hands on Brian’s, signaling for him to take control. Brian held his head and thrust a couple of times down his throat and asked, “Is this what you want?” Justin nodded.


“Oh, God, Justin…” and Brian started fucking his throat in earnest. Justin closed his eyes and concentrated on his breath and on relaxing his throat to let Brian slide in and out smoothly. He knew from experience that fucking someone’s mouth was immensely pleasurable, but always accompanied by a feeling of guilt for using another person in such a way. On the other hand, that slightly forbidden side made it all the more arousing. He could just imagine how conflicted Brian must feel doing this to him, and at the same time could tell how turned on he was. Brian did not last long.


“Justin, here I come, here I come…” Some spunk went down his throat, some he swallowed, but he kept the last spurt on his tongue, and when, predictably, Brian fell to his knees and kissed him passionately, they shared it with each other.


Brian held him close and asked, “Did I hurt you?”


Justin backed away from him enough so he could see his smile and said, “Of course not. Did you like it?”


Brian laughed. “God, Justin, I'll let you blow me while I wear a suit anytime.“


Justin laughed as well, his joy at having surprised and brought pleasure to Brian bubbling to the surface.


Brian caressed his face. “I love it when you laugh,” he said, warmth in his eyes, leaning down to kiss him again. Though Justin was still hard, and more than willing, he forced himself to be the voice of reason. Before anything more could happen, he got to his feet, and said, ”I’m going to be late for my exfoliation, and you are meeting Michael for lunch… ten minutes ago.”


Justin put his robe back on and started for the door.


“I’ll tell him it was all your fault,” said Brian with a smirk, walking him out.


“And he’ll believe you, I’m sure,” said Justin, grinning.


“He can be amazingly gullible…” Brian gave Justin a light kiss. “Later.”


“Later.”

 

*****



At 2:30, Justin was back in the room. Daphne and he were all spa-ed out. How much time could one spend being beautified? They had spent quite a bit of money, and had agreed it was worth it once but that they couldn’t imagine making a habit of it. The beautician responsible for Justin’s cleansing facial had actually looked at him under her bright light and laughed, convincing him to switch to a pressure point facial massage, since he had completely flawless skin.


Daphne had gone home to nap and Justin, dressed to go see Gus, was thinking of doing the same when Brian walked in. He was speaking on the phone, in a calm, contained voice that spelled nothing good. He dropped a kiss on Justin’s forehead and sat behind the desk, listening and pinching the bridge of his nose.


He opened his laptop and after a few minutes of typing with his phone wedged against his shoulder, he said: “I can be on the 3:45, be there at 5:15, and come straight in.”


Justin got up from the bed, removed Brian’s bag from the closet and started packing for him, leaving out his suit. Brian, noticing, started to strip out of his casual clothing, still mostly listening, putting in a “Brian here. Don’t cancel it yet. Ask to have till… midnight. If we have nothing by then, cancel it.” A conference call then.


Justin went to the bathroom and reassembled Brian’s kit, zipping it up. He checked the room carefully then moved to the bedroom. He collected and wound the phone charger, the palm pilot charger, and found a tie, deep under the bed. He removed the Gucci ankle boots from their flannel bags and removed the shoetrees, packing them in the suitcase. He collected condoms, lube, extra cash and credit cards from the bedside drawer and put them with the chargers on the desk in front of Brian, next to his small carry-on.


Brian used the hotel pad and pencil to write him a note. It said: “Please come back with me.”


Justin stepped into the bathroom, dialed Daphne and woke her up. “Daphne? Brian has an emergency at work. He’s leaving, and wants me to go with him.”


“What is it?”


“No idea. He's still on the phone. Can you pack for me? We need to pick up my stuff on the way to the airport.”


“Does he want you for company or does he need you at work?”


“I don’t know.”


“I’ll put your undertaker clothes in your messenger bag, in case you need to change on the plane.”


“Thanks, Daph. Don’t forget the charger under your bed, ok?”


“Got it. It’s in. Are you coming back, you think?”


“No idea. Sorry.”


“Hey, at least, whatever the occasion is, you can be sure you are at your Maximum Beauty Potential,” she said, quoting the Spa lady’s spiel.


Justin burst out laughing.


“Love you, Daph.”


“You better. I hate packing.”


Justin went back into the bedroom just as Brian was hanging up the phone. He was wearing his suit. He looked at Justin, at his packed suitcase by the door, at his carry on open on the desk with all his miscellaneous items ready to go in and took Justin in his arms.


“Are you coming?”


“Daphne is packing for me. We just have to pick up my bag.”


Brian smiled at him and kissed his lips softly. “Thanks. We’ve got to go. I’ll explain in the car.”


They had hardly sat down in the Corvette when Brian’s phone rang again and a new conversation started, once again in the awkward rhythm of at least a three-way call.


“Brian. On my way. Continental flight 29. Yeah…”


Justin opened his phone and called Lindz and Mel’s house. They lived pretty close to the airport.


“Melanie Marcus.”


He remembered Lindsay was working that afternoon. “Mel, it’s Justin.”


“Oh, good! Gus is so excited…”


“Mel, Brian has an emergency at work. We’re on our way to the airport.”


“God dammit! He can’t do this. Gus has been looking forward to his visit all day! Can’t he ever put his son first?”


“Mel, it sounds pretty dire. I’m going as well, and I don’t even know what’s going on. Believe me. If he could stay, he would.”


“Maybe this time he has a good excuse, but what about all the other times? He is such a prick… Why does he have you calling, that spineless piece of shit?”


“He’s still on the phone to New York. I… I was hoping you could meet us at the airport so we can say goodbye to Gus…”


“Oh, Justin. I’m sorry. Why am I bitching at you? When is your flight?”


“Continental 29, at 3:45.”


“Holy shit. We got to hurry. Meet you there.”


“Thanks, Mel.” But she’d already hung up.


Brian was on the phone with his car storage, to arrange for the pick up of the Corvette at the airport. After hanging up, he looked at Justin and said painfully: “Now I have to call Gus. Shit.” He banged the wheel. “Shit,” and started dialing.


Justin stopped him. “Mel’s meeting us with him at the airport so you can say goodbye.”


“She is?” Brian looked stunned.


”Yeah. I called her. She’ll be there.”


Brian looked at him for a few seconds, before concentrating again on the road. He reached across and pulled Justin against his side.


“Sunshine, how did I ever get along without you?”


“Beats me,” said Justin, smiling.


They stopped at Daphne’s. Because she was amazing, she was waiting on the sidewalk with his packed bags. She was eating a Klondike bar.


Justin jumped out. “Not cold enough for you?” he teased, putting his bags in the trunk.


“They were on sale.” She shrugged, and took another bite of the frozen treat.


“I owe you, Daph.”


She smiled. “No. I now own that painting above my fireplace.”


“You already did, you goose.”


She leaned to look into the car.


“Bye, Brian.”


“Bye, Daphne.”


She straightened up. “Gosh. He really is gorgeous.”


Justin grinned. “Love you.”


“Love you too.” And they were gone.


Mel and the children were at the Continental check-in counter, and Gus ran into his father’s arms.


“Why do you have to go, Daddy?” he asked, his arms tight around Brian’s neck, tears threatening. Brian rolled in his lips, and Justin saw him make a decision.


“I’ll be back next Friday, Sonny boy. I promise.”


“Is that a long time, Daddy?”


“Five nights. Can you count to five?”


“I’m five. One, two, three, four, five.”


“Count them. To five, and I’ll be back. And whatever you wanted to do today, we will do then.”


“I wanted to build the tracks and play Thomas the train with you,” said Gus, his voice shaking a little.


“Do I get to be Thomas this time?”


“No, Daddy. You’re Percy.”


“All right. I’ll be Percy, and Justin will draw a picture of us, OK?”


“My Jutsin is coming back too?” Brian looked at Justin, who had gotten the boarding passes out of the machine, unsure suddenly.


“I wouldn’t miss it, Gus.”


“I love you, Daddy”


“I love you too, Sonnyboy.”


Gus reached for Justin.


“I love you, Jutsin.”


“I love you, Gus,” Justin said, and he handed him a drawing he had pulled out of his sketchbook. It was Brian in his camel coat, a small smile on his lips.


Gus looked at it intently then at Justin. “That’s a good one, Jutsin. It looks just like Daddy.”


Their flight was called for the second time. They had to go. As they were saying goodbye to Mel, Justin heard her say to Brian, “If you don’t show up, I’ll cut your balls off.”


“Thanks, and you have a nice drive home, Mel,” Brian answered. “Bye, Sonnyboy.” He ruffled his son’s hair one last time and walked away.


“Bye,” said Justin. “Thank you so much, Mel. See you Friday.”


They walked right on board and settled in first class seats.


“You do know I can’t afford this, right?” asked Justin.


“It’s a business expense, Sunshine. I’m bringing you in as the new Assistant Creative Director. I have a meeting with the guys and the legal department as soon as we get there, then at eight, we’re meeting with Clearlife’s rep.”


“The nutritional supplements stores?”


“Yes. Plexus’ first really big national campaign, which is starting on the first, during the Rose Bowl.”


“The campaign Sam has been working on with you?”


”Yes. The campaign we have been working on for six months, with the rising male skating star, Joshua Raines, the prick who, yesterday, decided to beat his wife so severely that she is in a coma at Columbia Teaching Hospital.”


“Oh, fuck.”


“She’s 23 years old, and was seven months pregnant. That son of a bitch…” Brian’s fists were tight, his knuckles white. He was livid. He took a deep breath and turned to Justin. “She is an ice skater too, a little thing, hardly five feet tall. He’s six foot three.” Brian looked sick.


He took another deep breath. “Obviously, we have to scrap the campaign. We have till midnight to brainstorm and find a replacement campaign we can put together in three days. At midnight, they are canceling the air time, and Plexus loses half a million dollar investment.”


“Can it be done?”


Brian rolled in his lips and didn't answer. That was not a good sign. He got out his laptop and said: “This is the thirty second spot.”


Justin had never seen it. It had been finished early in his internship, and was hush-hush, the spot and the spokesperson to be uncovered only during the Rose Bowl. Brian handed him his small headphones, and Justin plugged them in.


It was very, very good, showing Raines doing the same moves alternatively while training and while skating in some event. He was brilliant. It showed him laughing, working out, the tone of the spot exciting, hopeful. Raines was hot. Tall, a great smile, gifted. The slogan was, “Let your dream come alive.”


His career was over. His marriage was over. His wife’s life might be over, their hope for a child over. What a fucking waste. It was hard to reconcile the smiling handsome athlete with the knowledge that he had beaten a woman half his size to within an inch of her life.


Brian closed his laptop, and rubbed his hands over his face. “We are fucked. The only positive thing is that nothing associates Raines with the product. The secrecy clause was strictly enforced at Plexus, and thank god, at Clearlife as well. We are also lucky the idea of using Raines came from Max Pontif, their CEO. We all thought it was a brilliant choice, though. The guy had everything you could want: a rising star, great looks, that killer smile, a possible contender for both the Olympics and the world championships. I met him. Nice, friendly guy. His wife w…is a doll. Sweet. Cute.”


“What are the chances of finding someone to replace him in the next day or so?”


“Nil. All the skaters are at the Olympics, they all have agents. Contract negotiations alone can take weeks.”


“What about a different sport?”


“Can’t use any team sport. The negotiations are even more complicated for individual members of a team.”


“Tennis? Fencing? Biking?”


“Tennis players have agents from birth, it seems. You have to negotiate with all their other sponsors. Fencing is too unknown, biking not sexy enough.”


“What do you mean?”


“They do nothing but bike, it’s hard to make it exciting, attractive. It just looks like really hard work.”


Justin realized they had not just pulled skating out of a hat. Months of preliminary studies had probably gone into picking the right sport, the right athlete.


He thought of Raines, tall, strong, masculine yet graceful, elegant, charming, individualistic, successful yet still mostly unknown. He thought of skating, perfection made to look effortless, grace, speed and excitement.


He reached into his messenger bag for his portfolio, found the folder he wanted and pulled two drawings out of it, which he passed to Brian. Brian stared at the first one, astonishment on his face. He looked at Justin, who just nodded, smiling a little. Brian looked at the second drawing, deep in thought.


Brian picked up the phone on the back of the seat in front of him, ran his credit card through and dialed, pressing extra digits as the phones were answered.


“Alan?... Paul?... Marcus? I may have something… No. I’m still in the air. Another hour. I need you to check something… Yes. Do ballet dancers have agents? Sponsors?... Marcus, are you sure?... Don’t fucking guess! Call her! … I know it’s Sunday. Who gives a shit?... Yes, I have someone in mind… I have no idea… Yes Marcus… You’re positive? Great. … Tall, gifted, gorgeous, great smile… no, no, very masculine… Yes. I’m calling him now. I’ll call you back.”


Brian turned to Justin.


“Is he any good?”


“First Dancer of the Pittsburgh Ballet Company. He leads the gold cast.”


Brian looked at him, quiet for a moment, and then seemed to snap out of whatever train of thought he had been following.


“Ballet dancers are not big commercially. According to Marcus, they usually do not have agents or sponsors unless they are world renowned,” he said. He started thinking out loud. “We could keep the basic script, the training moves alternating with the same moves on stage, dancing in a show, working out, even the same theme, the same music, the same basic interview… Do you think he’ll go for it?”


“No idea. He’s dancing tonight though. Do you still have contacts in Pittsburgh? Could they get footage? The Nutcracker is really seasonal…”


“But will he do it?”


Justin shrugged. “Call him.”


Brian was staring at him.


“Brian, I don’t even know if I’m going to be working for Plexus, and I won’t … I know how he feels about me. You know how he feels about me. I’m not using that. I’m not using him. Your campaign, your call.”


Brian nodded and Justin handed him his cell phone with Brandon’s number showing. Brian dialed, holding the phone far enough from his ear that Justin could hear.


“Brandon.”

 

 

“…Brandon, Hi. Brian Kinney here.”


“Brian. Is Justin all right?”


“Justin’s great. We are on our way back to New York because I have a problem at work. I'm an advertising executive for a small firm.”


“Yeah. I know. Justin talked to me about his internship. Sounds interesting, but really stressful.”


“Yes, well… the spokesman for one of the products we represent…is no longer available and we need an emergency replacement.”


There was a questioning silence on the line, as Brandon obviously waited for Brian to explain why he should care.


“Brandon, would you be available and agreeable to filming a 30 second commercial spot in the next three days?”


“What?”


“We need to have this spot ready for the Rose Bowl. We have the script, the music, the basic theme; we need an athlete as a spokesperson. We think you would fit the bill.”


“I’m a ballet dancer, Brian. Nobody thinks of us as athletes. What was your original guy’s sport?”


“Ice skating.”


“They all have agents.”


“Yes.”


“I don’t”


“Exactly.”


“Can I speak to Justin?”


“Hold on.” Brian handed Justin the phone.


“Brandon?”


“Is he serious?”


“As a heart attack.”


Brandon laughed. “I bet. They’re so fucked.”


Justin laughed as well. Brandon was no dummy. He repeated out loud, for Brian’s benefit, “Yes, they are completely fucked.”


“Justin, as a friend, do you think I should do it?”


“Could it hurt your career, hurt your position in Pittsburgh? They probably would try to use footage from tonight’s performance, if it was allowed.”


“I think they’d be thrilled by the exposure. I could always use the cash. I’d need help negotiating, though, and the guy who parleyed my original contract here sucked. I’ve renegotiated for myself the last three years.”


“I may know somebody who really kicks ass.”


“They’d have to replace me without cause tomorrow. I’d be fined. No biggy, it happens, but it’s a little steep.”


“You could get them to cover that.”


“It sounds kind of fun.”


“It’s a lot of work.”


“Will you take me out to Essengy?”


“My boyfriend and I would be happy to take you to Essengy for New Years Eve.”


Brandon laughed. “Great. Always wanted to be a third wheel.”


“The only unattached member of the hottest trio there…”


“Hmmm… You sure know how to present things in a good light. You should work in advertising.” They cracked up.


“I don’t think it would hurt my career. I’d have to kiss my anonymity at the club goodbye though. Everybody would know what I do.”


“They will make it look hot.”


“Can you get in touch with the person you know for the negotiating?”


“Yes.”


“You think he’ll do it?”


“She. Not sure. I can call now and find out.”


“Call me back?”


“Give me fifteen minutes.”


“OK.”


Justin hung up, and found Jessica Hammon’s number in his cell phone.


Brian was the one with the bottomless business credit card.


“Could you dial that for me, please?” Justin asked.


Brian did, without comment, and handed Justin the phone. Jessica answered after two rings.


“Mrs Hammon? It’s Justin.”


“Hello, love. Surely if I call you love you can call me Jessica, no?”


“Jessica. How bored are you right now?”


“Dreadfully. 300 channels and nothing to watch, too cold to go out, and no contracts to negotiate for lovely young men.” She laughed. “If I hear one more person wishing me a Merry Christmas, I might commit murder and defend myself, just for a change of pace… What do you have in mind Justin? Please tell me you are calling to confide in me the intimate details of your one-night stand with the ridiculously handsome Brian Kinney. My imagination has gone wild…”


“Sorry, Jessica, I don’t kiss and tell,” Justin answered, laughing.


“But you are a couple now, are you not?”


“How do you know that?” asked Justin, astonished.


“I paid him a visit. The poor man was so taken with you, he didn’t know which way was up…”


Justin looked at Brian, wondering how that had come about. Then he remembered why he was calling.


“Speaking of negotiating contracts for lovely young men. A friend of mine needs expert help, as soon as possible.”


She laughed and asked jokingly, “How lovely?”


“Unbelievably so. In Brian’s league.”


“Oh, my! “ She laughed. “I’ll do it! No, Seriously, what sort of contract?”


“He is a ballet dancer. Brian’s company wishes to hire him for a commercial. They are in a time crunch, it all has to be done in the next 72 hours.”


“A bit out of my normal field, but they don’t know that. I feel a sudden urge to take tea with Mr. Kinney’s beautiful assistant. Would you know her number, perchance?”


“Hold on.”


“Brian, could you give me Cynthia’s number? Mrs Hammon wants to invite her to a tea party.”


Brian wrote on his palm pilot screen and passed it to Justin.


Conflict of interest. You don’t work for Plexus yet, but she does.


Justin wrote back.


Brian, it’s just tea. I think you can trust Jessica Hammon to know the law. Do you want Brandon or not?


Brian handed the palm pilot back, showing Cynthia’s number.


“Jessica, I’ve got it.” He read it to her.


“Is Mr. Kinney worried about conflict of interest?”


“You have ESP, don’t you…?”


“A false rumor, Justin. Don’t go believing such slander on my good character. And remind our handsome friend that I was practicing law before he was born, and not to worry. What is the alleged lovely young man’s name?”


“Brandon.”


“Yes, of course it is. Why burden oneself with a last name? After all, Cher has done all right for herself.”


Justin laughed. “I’m sure he has one. I just don’t know it.”


Brian passed him his palm pilot again. It read, Brandon Matthew Bloomquist


“Uh… Jessica? Apparently, he does have a last name, and a middle name. Brandon Matthew Bloomquist.”


“Thank Mr. Kinney, will you? Now give me his number, and we are all set.”


Justin complied.


“Thank you, Jessica.”


“You owe me a painting. I am joking, of course. But the young man had better be handsome, or I am never taking your calls again.”


Justin loved her laughter. He was quite sure Brandon would be handsome enough… They said goodbye, and Justin hung up. He was burning to ask Brian how he knew Brandon’s last name, but wanted to deal with the matter at hand first.


“Brian, would you mind dialing Brandon again?”


“I live to serve,” answered Brian, dialing. He handed Justin the phone. “Anything else, sir?”


“Well, you could blow me while I… Brandon? Hey. She’ll do it. She has your number. Her name is Jessica Hammon.”


“OK. What the hell. I’ll do it. Can you put Kinney on?”


Justin handed Brian the phone.


“Brandon?” Once again Brian let Justin hear the conversation, apparently not having minded Justin’s keeping his calls private.


“Brian? Ok, I’m in. I talked to the director of the company, asked him if they would mind a crew filming during a performance for a potential commercial. They’re chuffed, like I thought. They just want credit, you know, thank you to the Pittsburgh Ballet Company for their generous participation kind of thing.”


“Hey, thanks. That was very helpful of you. Really. Thank you.”


“You are welcome. You better get that filming crew in place ASAP. The Nutcracker waits for no man. Let me give you the number for the stage manager. He knows they are going to be calling.” Brian wrote it down.


“Brandon?”


“Yeah?”


“Thank you.”


“Just give up your boyfriend, and we’re even, Kinney.”


“In your dreams, Bloomquist”


Brandon laughed. “Been checking up on me?”


“Maybe.”

 

 

Brandon laughed again. “Get your film crew going.”


“Will do.” And Brian hung up.


He reached for Justin playfully and kissed him, smiling and then dialed the phone again.


“Cynthia!”


“Brian!”


“I need you.”


“Color me surprised. What’s in it for me?”


“An extra bonus or me eating crow. You choose.”


“I’ll take both, but start with the crow. I could use a laugh.”


“I removed my head from my ass and admitted to being smitten with young Mr. Taylor, with whom I now have entered into a relationship.“


The line was completely silent. “…Cynthia? Cynthia, are you there?”


“Oh my God. Forget the extra bonus. That was worth its weight in gold. What do you want?”


“I need you to revive your erstwhile contacts and get a camera crew to film tonight’s performance of The Nutcracker by the Pittsburgh Ballet Company, concentrating very heavily on the male lead.”


“Did you say TONIGHT’S?”


“Yes. Here is the stage manager's number. He's expecting their call.”


“The extra bonus is back on. Will do. Got to go. Got a Master to serve. A Master who is dating a cute little blond.” She giggled. “I laugh, but it’s out of love…” She hung up.


Justin grinned at Brian. “Smitten?”


Brian pulled him into a kiss. “Completely.”


The captain was announcing their descent. Brian had one more call to make, to his partners, once again.


“Guys. Problem solved. The ballet dancer is on, the crew to film his performance tonight as good as set up, the contract negotiation in progress.”


He listened to their reaction, a little smirk on his face.


“Yes. Of course I’ll do it. It’s my account. I know it won’t be an easy sell. Alan, I know they will hate it… Oh, for pete’s sake, Marcus, how could I possibly have his portfolio? Is he a model? Did I even think of the guy before getting on this flight?... Paul, aside from telling me all the reasons why this will never fly with them, do you have anything helpful to say?... OK. Listen up, guys. I only have four words for you: Half a million dollars… I will sell them on the idea, they will accept the new concept and the campaign will be a fabulous success. End of conversation. NO, DO NOT cancel our early meeting. I need to speak to all of you and to Phil what’s-his-name from Legal first thing… Paul, I will still have an hour and a half to prepare … Of course it’s not enough! I need two days! Do I have two days? What the fuck difference is a half an hour going to make? Got to go, we’re landing. See you in 45 minutes.”


Brian took a deep breath and turned to Justin. He chuckled. “I swear these guys only have four balls amongst the three of them, and Alan has two of those.”


Justin looked at him, trying to read his face. “You’re not worried?”


Brian put his hand on Justin’s neck and played with the short hair there. He looked him in the eye and said, “Failure is not an option. By the time midnight rolls around, I will have them convinced the change of spokesperson is a blessing, and wondering how they could have ever considered anyone else but Brandon. You paint, he dances, I sell ideas. It’s my gift.


“Of course I’m worried. That Brandon will be a dud, that the filming will be shoddy, that the whole segment will look amateurish and just thrown together, because I have no control over these things. Am I worried they will not buy the idea? Hell no. I got you to fall in love with me, didn’t I?”


Justin laughed. “I did that on my own, and as I recall, you didn't care one way or the other at the time…”


Brian pulled him close, and told him softly: “Ah, Sunshine. That’s what I like you to think…” and then he kissed him, until Justin forgot momentarily what they’d even been talking about.


To be continued...

 

 

Chapter 3 - Getting his way, of course. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Getting his way, of course



A limo driver was waiting for them when they arrived. To Justin’s embarrassment, he picked up both their larger bags. Noticing Justin’s reluctance, Brian smiled at him.


“Don’t worry about it. It’s his job…”


Brian was surprised when the man started a conversation with Justin.


“So, you’re back. How was Pittsburgh?”


“Great. Did you have a nice Christmas?”


“Excellent. The kids got me a new bowling ball, championship quality. Real nice. You?”


“I made out like a bandit,” said Justin, smiling at Brian.


Brian realized the man must have been the one who had given Justin his ride to the airport. He had used their services for three years, and had never paid the slightest attention to the drivers. This man might have driven him a dozen times, and he had never bothered to say more than “Careful with that bag,” to him.


After opening the door for them, and putting the bags in the trunk, the chauffeur started the engine and pulled into traffic unhesitatingly.


“Told my girl I’d be glad to pay for art school if she got in. Never saw her so happy.”


Brian was amazed. How well did Justin know this man?


“That’s fantastic. Make sure she applies to Pratt. It’s a great school. Hey! I got offered a permanent position at Plexus. I’ll know tonight whether I have the job.”


“Good for you! It pays alright?”


“Yeah. And I get medical and dental.”


“You’re still gonna finish school, though, right? You really should finish your education.”


That man actually cared. Justin really had a gift with people.


“Yes. I’m going to go half time. It will take a little longer, but if I get the job, I really can’t pass up the opportunity, you know?”


“Yeah. You bet.”


Justin sat back, his conversation apparently over, and Brian automatically took him in his arms, resting his cheek on Justin’s hair, in the position they had always taken in the cabs at night. Going into the city from the airport on an early Sunday evening was a quick shot. They were almost there already.


“Justin, I need to speak to my partners alone. Can you wait in the lobby? I’ll call you when we’re done.”


“I’ll go down to the Art Department. I’ll use my old desk to work on some drawings.”


“When did you do the one you gave Gus?”


“A while back. You were wearing that coat the first time you gave me a ride back from Essengy.” Justin turned and looked at Brian with a smile that could have melted an iceberg.


Brian smiled back. That had been a very good night. He leaned to Justin, and said in his ear: ”Good boy” and just like that night, Justin chuckled and answered in his neck, ”Asshole.” Brian remembered how happy he had felt going back to the loft that night. How had he ever been able to convince himself that none of it mattered?


They pulled into the Plexus garage.


“Good luck with that job,” said the driver.


“Thanks, and thank you for the ride,” said Justin as the man handed him his bag.


Brian had never, in all his years, thanked a driver for a ride, considering it was their job. He thought of the number of times when clients had thanked him for a job well done, though they certainly paid plenty for his services. When the man handed him his bag, Brian actually looked at him. He had a friendly face, with a crooked nose and very pale blue eyes.


“Good call taking the parkway,” he said. “Saved us some time. Thanks.” The man smiled happily, tipped his hat and left. Justin really was a terrible influence. Brian was turning into a lesbian.


“What are you smiling about?” asked Justin when they entered the elevator. They were both carrying two bags each. Brian walked forward, pressing Justin between himself and the elevator wall, and kissed his lips lightly.


“You,” he answered, and it was so cheesy, he actually laughed.


Justin smiled at him, shaking his head. The doors opened onto the second floor and Justin raised himself on his toes to kiss him back.


“Later.”


“Later.”


Brian got off on the 3rd floor and walked to his office to drop off his bags, and then went directly to the conference room. Paul, Alan, Marcus, and Phil what’s-his-name, from Legal, were already there. Unbelievably, only Marcus was wearing a suit, probably the one he’d worn to church. Alan was in jeans, and Paul was dressed for golf, as if he’d come straight from the range.


“Any coffee?” asked Brian.


The other four looked at each other as if they’d never heard of the beverage. Brian sighed.


“Who else is here?” he asked.


“Betsy,” said Alan. “She’s been calling around to find a classical dance studio we can use.”


Well, at least one of them was thinking ahead. Brian picked up the phone to call her desk.


“Betsy? Brian… Yes, thank you. Would you be so kind as to make us a pot of coffee? We are completely useless here. I don’t think we even know where the kitchen is… We don’t have a kitchen?... The staff room. Oh. See what I mean? Thanks, Betsy.”


Paul looked at him in surprise. “You thought we had a kitchen?”


Brian rolled his eyes. “It’s not Betsy’s job to make us coffee, Paul. Of course I know we don’t have a kitchen. It’s called people handling skills. You should try it some time.”


Brian sat down. Time to get Justin a job… Time for some more people handling skills.


“As you know, the Art Department has been asking for another creative manager. Sam has expressed the desire of having the new employee start with the title of Assistant Creative Manager and work part time. He feels it will be enough to make everyone’s load in that department tolerable. Vangard has been trying to steal Julie away, and Sam has been getting calls from headhunters, so, even though I don’t think either one would leave us, I think giving them the support they need is essential.”


His three partners nodded their heads. They were aware of the issue, and it had been discussed in general terms at the last Principals’ meeting.


“I have the perfect candidate for the job. Familiar with its demands, creative, hard working, happy to start as Assistant instead of full fledged Manager. There is only one problem. He and I are lovers, and I do not want to infringe on the non-fraternization rule in effect at Plexus.


“I have spoken to an independent legal council (Wouldn’t Mel like to hear that? She would probably send him a bill…) and to another party familiar with employment issues. (After all, Ted did interview candidates for employment at his old firm.) Both independently agreed that our non-fraternization policy would not include pre-existing relationships. I just wanted to hear it from our own Legal Department representative, and make sure all three of you were aware of the situation so it would not take you by surprise.


Alan had a huge grin on his face. “Brian? Are you all right? Did you really just use the word ‘relationship’ and the word ‘lover’ in reference to yourself?”


“Yes, Alan.” Brian looked at him as if he had no idea why Alan should be surprised. “I did.” Then he smiled just a little.


Paul added teasingly, “Does it mean we might be able to go to the last bench of the steam room at lunch without finding some guy with your cock in his mouth?”


“Why, Paul, you old perv. I didn’t realize you liked to watch. Will you miss it?”


Marcus interrupted. “Gentlemen? I think the matter of concern here is a legal one. Could you keep your sophomoric conversations for your own time and keep to the subject at hand? Phil?”


Ted and Mel had been right. Phil agreed that the company rule of no fraternization with employees did not include pre-existing relationships, and that it would be perfectly all right for Mr. Kinney to hire his … lover. (Brian did not care much for the word boyfriend, and thought the word partner implied that the parties were living together, so he’d chosen to use the term ‘lover’. He’d not particularly liked the smirk on Phil’s face when he repeated it, but let it slide.)


“Phil, would you be so kind as to draw up a standard contract right now? I would like to put this in motion as soon as possible. Salary is baseline for Assistant managers and it should include Dental and Medical coverage and transportation. 25 hours a week, actual hours of work to be determined between the employee and Sam Rosen.”


He looked at his partners. “This is a confidential meeting, but I would like to nonetheless emphasize the request of our new employee to keep his relationship with me known only to the four of us, due to the common tensions that exist between the 3rd floor and the Art Department. He doesn’t want their behavior towards him to be altered or restrained by a perceived need to protect his feelings, or by worries that what is said in frustration could find its way back to us.”


“You mean that they might hesitate to call you The Asshole around him?” joked Alan.


“Right, His Nibs. That’s exactly what I mean…”


All four of them chuckled. They were all familiar with the nicknames the Art Department used for them, and really didn’t care, as long as their employees came through for them.


They spent a few more minutes discussing the current crisis, and Brian went back to his office to prepare. He called Justin first.


“This is Justin Taylor”


“Hello, Taylor. Brian Kinney here. I am pleased to announce that you will shortly be presented with an employment contract with the firm of Plexus Advertising. Congratulations.”


Brian could hear the smile in Justin’s voice when he answered, “Thank you, sir. I’m sure I will be able to express my gratitude for your support in this matter in an elevator, at some point.”


“Certainly. And I am sure you’ll agree this type of things is best if taken care of in a timely manner.”


“Absolutely. Sir.”


“Excellent.”


Brian hung up and smiled one last time before dedicating his entire concentration to the challenge ahead. At a quarter of eight, Brian was as ready as he would ever be for his meeting with Clearlife. He was waiting for Sam. He’d had an hour and fifteen minutes to figure out the best way to get Clearlife to embrace his idea of going forward with the campaign, using an unknown ballet dancer and getting the whole thing done in seventy-two hours. He had had no problem convincing his partners he ought to go at it alone, though he had called Sam in to support his technical claims.

 

 

Betsy had come to his office at seven-thirty to warn him the Clearlife representative, their CEO and four others had arrived early and were already waiting. Brian did not care. The meeting was at eight. He would be there at eight. Sam arrived, wearing a suit. Thank god, some people had a brain.


“Hey, Sam. Thanks for coming in.”


“It’s my campaign too, Kinney.”


“Yes it is. Whatever I say in there, you know you have to back me up, right?”


“Brian, I’m not an idiot. I know what’s at stake here. I got your back.”


“Thanks, Sam.” And Brian started out of the office.


Sam caught his arm, and said: “We’ve got a few more minutes, and I need to talk to you about something.”


Brian was surprised. He and Sam had always gotten along quite well, and he suddenly realized Sam looked extremely pissed off at him about something.


“What is it?” He wanted to clear the air. They had to be on the same page in there.


“I met Phil in the elevator. He told me, and I quote, about “a bit of fancy fag nepotism” he had gotten to witness. That one of the partners, ‘wink-wink’, and I quote again, “has hired his little cock sucking boyfriend” to work in my department as an Assistant Creative Manager.


“Now, I cannot stand that homophobic prick but that's neither here nor there, Kinney.” Brian could tell Sam was working up a nice head of steam. “Justin Taylor is fucking brilliant. That you didn’t think he was the right man for the job always sounded like a load of horseshit to me. Now I finally understand why you would pass up hiring him: just so you could hire your goddamn boyfriend. Well, let me tell you what I think…”


He was interrupted when Justin walked in the door.


“Bri… Oh, hello, Sam. How is it going? Mr. Kinney?”


“Taylor?”


“I thought maybe these could be of use to you during your presentation.” Justin handed him some sketches. The first two were of Brandon dancing. The next one was of Brandon, in casual clothes, sitting on a couch, laughing. The next one was a close up portrait of his face, looking mildly amused, and the last one a profile, his eyes lost in thought. They were truly amazing. The two drawings he already had, which had been the only visual support to his argument, were good, but these were absolutely fabulous.


“Wow, Sunshine.” Brian looked through them again, and smiled at Justin. “These are really incredible!”


Justin gave him a pointed look gesturing toward Sam with his eyes, reminding him as best he could that he did not want their relationship to be public knowledge in the Art Department. Brian, pretending to misunderstand, turned to Sam, who looked very confused, and said:


“Oh, I’m sorry, Sam. Let me introduce you to your new Assistant Creative Manager: Justin Taylor, this is Sam Rosen. Sam, this is my little cock-sucking boyfriend, Sunshine. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to make a quick call.”


Sam burst out laughing while Justin looked completely at sea. Brian picked up his office phone and dialed the Legal Department. Phil should still be there, finishing up Justin’s contract. While the phone was ringing, he listened to Sam recount his little diatribe to Brian and assure Justin that he understood his desire not to advertise the relationship. The information was safe with him.


“Phil? Brian Kinney. How is that contract coming along? Good. Please drop it on my desk on your way out… Yes, I understand you are not an errand boy, and that you would like to go home and enjoy what little is left of your weekend. But do it anyway, will you?... Incidentally, Phil, it has been brought to my attention that you seem to have forgotten the meaning of the word confidential in the expression confidential meeting somewhere between the conference room and the elevator, which for an employee of the Legal Department is a little unfortunate, I’m sure you’ll agree. So I would like you to be in my office tomorrow morning a 7:00AM to explain to me, first, why you should remain in our employment, and second, why we shouldn’t sue you for breach of the confidentiality clause in your contract. But please. Don’t let me keep you. After you drop that contract on my desk, do go home and enjoy what little is left of your weekend.”


Brian hung up the phone. Sam and Justin were both staring at him, a bit awed. Brian ignored it and checked his clock.


“Time to go and think on our feet. Ready Sam?” He smiled at Justin. “Taylor, you are welcome to wait here if you’d like. The couch is very comfortable, and I find my painting to be remarkably soothing.”


“Thank you, Mr. Kinney.”


Sam followed Brian out, chuckling.

 

*****



The meeting with Clearlife ended at 10:30PM, with the entire Clearlife delegation in love with the idea of using the incredibly handsome Brandon Bloomquist as their spokesperson, and excited about putting forward a sport which was also an art form, that really had been too long overlooked. Ice-skating was, after all, a little pedestrian. Christie Yamaguchi was on the Wheaties box, for heaven’s sake…


Brian, as it often happened when he had to use all of his impressive skills to bend people to his will, had had a hard on throughout the meeting. It usually dissipated along with the adrenaline rush, and as usual, he ignored it. However, he couldn’t wait to tell Justin how much his drawings had helped, especially the one of Brandon sitting on the couch, laughing. He entered his office, expecting to find Justin asleep on his couch, which he wasn’t.


His cock registered what he was seeing before his brain and suddenly was as hard as a baseball bat. Justin was lying back on his desk, resting on his elbows, fully naked, feet flat on the desk and legs spread apart. His anus was shining with lube, and he held a condom packet between his teeth.


Brian might have growled. He wasn’t sure. There was no blood left in his brain for those insignificant details. He locked the door, undid his belt, unzipped his pants, pushed them down along with his underwear to the middle of his thighs, grabbed the condom pack, ripped it open and slipped it on with the speed of years of practice, and sank into Justin’s welcoming body to his balls with a grunt, in the time of two breaths.


Justin tightened around him and smiled, and Brian almost lost it. He took a deep breath but almost came again watching Justin, who was now lying fully on his desk, take himself in hand and start jerking off. He tried to again relax away enough from his orgasm to start moving, but Justin, still masturbating, grabbed his nipple ring, twisted it, and moaned. It was a losing battle.


Giving up all thoughts of a prolonged bout of lovemaking, Brian moved his hips back and pumped fast and deep into Justin’s ass, staring at the overwhelmingly arousing sight in front of him. On the fifth thrust, he exploded, seeing stars behind his lids. He reopened his eyes just in time to see Justin’s cock erupt and to watch his gorgeous face in the throes of orgasm. As soon as Justin had caught his breath, they both started laughing, and he pulled out gently as Justin sat up.


“I got so worked up waiting for you,” said Justin, “I almost came when you walked in.”


“And you decided to wait for me, fuck ready, on my desk, because...?”


“I was in the John, and Alan and Paul came in. Paul was worried and Alan told him not to be, that you could sell a double amputee a pair of ice-skates in the Sahara. That you got off on the challenge.” Justin used his boxers to clean himself up, and got dressed again, going commando. “And Paul said that you really did, that he remembered that when you had sold Body by Design on the idea of the four-approach campaign he had noticed you had a hard on the entire time. I thought it would be a nice way to help you release some stress.”


Brian got himself straightened out again, and took Justin into his arms. He chuckled. “The condom packet between the teeth was a very nice touch.”


Justin grinned. “Thank you. It’s great to have a boss who appreciates his employees’ efforts. I always knew it would be a pleasure working under you…” Brian smirked at the horrible pun.


"Did everything go as you expected?" asked Justin.


"Was there ever any doubt?" answered Brian.


Justin rolled his eyes, chuckling and gave him a message from Jessica. They would be ready to negotiate the contract at ten the next morning. She’d asked Justin to accompany her to the airport in the morning to pick up Brandon, to facilitate their introduction. His flight was getting in at 7:10, and Justin knew Brian would be in a meeting. Brian thought that was a great idea.


Before heading out, he left a message for Gerard Stanford, Phil’s boss. He should really be there at their meeting, and after firing Phil, which he had every intention of doing, he would need someone from Legal to be present for the contract negotiations with Brandon. He also called in Bower, from accounting, who surprisingly already knew he would be needed... Cynthia and he were apparently coming in together. Brian could not wait to avenge himself of her ‘cute little blond’ remark…


Trying not to dwell on the overwhelming amount of work to be done in the limited time before the Rose Bowl, Brian decided to call it a night. He watched Justin who was reading the employment contract Phil had left on Brian’s desk.


“Take it home,” he said. “We can look at it together.”


“Home?” asked Justin.


“I mean take it to the loft. You were planning on coming to the loft with me, weren’t you?” Brian was suddenly reminded that they were back in New York, where Justin had his own place.


“Yes. Rory’s brother is using my bed until the second. I’m afraid you're stuck with me.”


Though they’d only shared the suite a couple of nights, the thought of sleeping apart from Justin already felt so strange. How was it going to work? Justin’s roommates counted on him for the kitchen clean up, either at the end of the day, or in the early morning… Justin was going to have to go ‘home’ every day. And Brian, though he would not put pressure on Justin, really wanted him in his bed every night. Somehow they would figure it out. Justin was with him until the second. Right now, he had to concentrate on Clearlife.


They took a taxi, Brian smiling inwardly at the thought that he was not dropping Justin off, but taking him home. He told Justin how his drawing of Brandon laughing had been a turning point in the meeting, because though incredibly good looking, the laugh had made him seem approachable, full of gentle self-deprecating humor.


“He is, you know… He is so different than the image he projects at Babylon. Kind of goofy, even.”


“Don’t worry, Justin. I appreciate Brandon more every time I see him, and he is your friend, so even if that weren’t already the case, I’d learn to like him. After all, you put up with my friends.” He was thinking of his less than relaxing lunch with Michael, though Justin could not, would not, know about that.


Justin laughed. “I learned to know and like them when they were Daphne’s new friends, though…”

 

 

“I forget. You do know how weird that is, right?”


“Tell me about it. I will never forget opening that door with Gus in my arms and finding you on the stoop. That was the most unreal moment of my entire life.”


Brian thought it had probably been one of the happiest moments in his. He had been, without admitting it, making the most outlandish plans to force another meeting between himself and Justin, and without any efforts on his part, there was Justin, already ensconced in Brian’s Pittsburgh family.


They were at the loft. He wanted Justin to know his many codes. Might as well start now.


“Justin, this door’s code is 1-D-e-a-d-T-e-d. It’s case sensitive.”


“One dead Ted?” Justin was looking a bit shocked. “Brian, that’s weird.”


Brian laughed. “Not as weird as finding out that one of your friends is counting on you to pull the plug on his comatose ass, believe me…”


“Wow! You have to tell me about that!”


“Long story… The code to call the elevator is 2-A-u-n-t-y-E-m.”


“OK. This is unexpectedly sweet, Brian.”


“Pay attention, Sunshine. To get to the top floor, the elevator code is 3-P-f-l-a-g-M-o-m.”


“Debbie, all right…”


“To unlock the loft is 1-4-M-i-k-e-y”


“Why fourteen?”


“We were fourteen when we met.”


“Ah.”


“To disarm the alarm the code is 5-L-i-n-d-z.”


“All right.”


“To reset the alarm when you are in the loft, it’s 6-S-o-n-n-y-b-o-y. To reset it when you leave is 7-S-o-n-n-y-b-o-y.”


Justin was looking at him, puzzled.


“Brian, why didn’t you go home for Thanksgiving?”


Brian knew exactly why Justin was asking. His codes were awfully revealing of how important these people were to him. He thought back to Thanksgiving, to all the times he had made excuses and not gone home to them.


“The less I saw them, the less I missed them. It was completely selfish. Coming back after a visit was… lonely.“ Brian smiled at him. “Now I’ll have you to come back with, or at least to come back to. I think I’ll go visit more often…” He reached for Justin, and started undoing his pants.


“Brian, wait. I’m starving. I need something to eat!” Brian smiled to himself when Justin went into the kitchen. He opened the fridge. Evian water bottles on one shelf, Dos Equis on another, and poppers in the door.


Justin opened his cupboards one by one.

 

 

Perfectly organized china.

Glasses in gleaming rows.

Bottles of J&B.

Empty cupboard.

Another empty one.

A lone box of Grapenuts cereal.

Multiple bottles of booze.

Diet microwave popcorn.

Bags of coffee beans and 3 one kilogram bags of white sugar.

 

 

That was it.


Justin turned to Brian, appalled. “Don’t you ever eat?”


“I order out.”


“It’s kind of late. I want to go to bed. Aren’t you hungry?”


“Always.”


“What do you mean?”


“My metabolism started slowing down when I was 24. I wanted to keep my looks. Not bulk up like most guys do, even if they stay lean. So I ate less. I’ve been hungry for ten years.”


“How can you stand it?”


“I fuck instead. Want to try it?”


Justin looked at him and smiled. “I can eat dry cereal, or I can eat your ass. No contest.” He started stripping.


Brian’s cock was instantly hard. Justin could eat his ass, but tonight, Brian wanted to top and make Justin come again and again. He was hungry. He would feast his eyes on the expression on Justin’s face as he reached orgasm, and for desert, savor the delicious sounds he made when he lost control. For protein, he would lick the come off his belly. The perfect dinner.


Justin’s blond head resting on his shoulder, hearing his soft breath, smelling his clean hair, having just made sweet passionate love with him, Brian did not want to fall asleep. He wanted to savor the feeling of peaceful joy that filled him. It reminded him of how frustrated he had gotten with Michael at lunch. Hard to believe it was only hours ago. This had been a long day.


“He seems awfully close to that Brandon, and believe me, that guy fucks anyone he wants.”


“Mikey, they’re friends. And I don’t care if they fucked each other once upon a time. I’ve fucked half the guys at Babylon, and Justin doesn’t care.”


“Don’t you think it’s weird that he seems to zone in on both you and that Brandon? Maybe he gets off on the 'power tops.' What’s going to happen when he meets the next one?”


“I guess we’ll have to see, Mikey…” He’d taken a bite of his sandwich, hoping Michael would take a hint and change topics.


“He is young. He is cute. He could have anyone he wants, probably,” insisted Michael, clueless. “Do you wonder why he is with you?”


Brian thought of the first time they touched, of their first kiss, of the intense physical connection they had shared from the beginning.


“No.”


“You make a lot of money, you live in a fabulous loft. Has it occurred to you that could be why?”


“Well, there are certainly no other reasons why any guy would ever want me to fuck them. That’s why I always show tricks my pay stubs before I can convince them to let me fuck them in the back room. I’ve always had problems finding partners…”


“Yes, well, he is a starving student, isn’t he? And just how much money can he hope to make with his little paintings?”


“A hell of a lot more than you make with Red Cape, that’s for sure. Can we get off this subject? You are starting to piss me off.”


“See! He is already alienating you from your real friends!”


“You’re doing a fine job without anyone’s help, Mikey. What the fuck is your problem with Justin?”


“You don’t do boyfriends, Brian. You don’t believe in love, you believe in fucking. You don’t want a boyfriend!”


“Is that what helped you all these years, Mikey? Telling yourself that it wasn’t that I didn’t want you that way, just that I didn’t want anyone that way? Well, I hate to pop your bubble. I want Justin. I want him everyday, in every way. And if he were to suddenly disappear, I still wouldn’t want you. You are married, Michael, to a wonderful man. So you either get over this, or believe me, we won’t be having lunch together very often. Now I’m going to go visit my son, with my boyfriend, Justin. Get a fucking clue, Mikey.”


He had thrown money on the table, and left. Michael had been his best friend for twenty years. He mistakenly had thought Michael would be happy about what was happening in Brian’s life. He didn’t need anyone’s approval, but it would have been nice. It pissed him off a little. Then he thought about Justin, and about how he felt about him and chuckled. God, he really didn’t give a shit what Michael thought.


And now, with the love of his life in his arms, he smiled in the dark. He didn’t give a shit what anyone thought.


To be continued...

 

 

Chapter 4 - Let's Dance. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Let's Dance



His growling stomach awakened Justin before the alarm went off. It was 5:30. He thought of the empty cupboard and smiled to himself. This boy needed his protein. He rolled out from under Brian’s arm and pushed him lightly so he would lie flat on his back. Then he found his way under the sheet (the duvet was somewhere on the floor) to Brian’s sleeping cock. The same cock that had made him come three times last night. He loved that cock, and showed it so. The alarm was set for 5:45, so he only had about ten minutes left for ‘breakfast’. Plenty of time. Yum. Oh! Seems Brian was awake now!


He was just sucking the last drop of come out of Brian’s happy dick when the alarm rang. Brian took his hand out of Justin’s hair to reach over and turn it off as Justin made his way up his body. Brian’s hair was messy and his jaw was scratchy with beard, but his smile and their good morning kiss were very nice. In the shower the scratchy cheeks added a lovely dimension to his pleasure when Brian mouthed his freshly waxed balls in the process of returning his blowjob.


Justin had had his first wax when he was seventeen, right before his first foray onto Liberty Avenue, quite uselessly, as it turned out, since he had spend the next few weeks in a coma. After an hour of paging through different magazines he had no interest in, he had bought an issue of ‘Gay Pittsburgh’, trying to act debonair, never mind the fact that his hand was shaking and that his bills were soft with sweat when he’d handed the newsagent his money.


He’d read a very educational article (by flashlight, under the blankets) about the importance of a ‘well tended garden of Eden’ if one expected one’s partner to spend much time in it. The idea of someone spending time there had forced him to delay finishing the article, as of course he’d had to jerk off.


Twice.


Then he had gotten absorbed in the examination of the different pubic trims (the hair allowed to remain around the base of the penis and on the lower belly, a completely bald crotch being generally considered esthetically unsatisfactory) from a narrow band (weird) to a triangular shape (girly) to the more natural rectangle (his preference), or an oval shape (not bad).


Following the article were many ads from salons offering male waxing, including a few that offered scrotal waxing. Believing in being prepared, he had called the next day to make an appointment for what turned out to be a mortifyingly embarrassing and incredibly painful experience. It was, however, well worth it, as that night, he could not get enough of caressing his completely smooth bum, anal area, perineum and scrotum as he imagined someone else doing so.


With the years, the hair in the area had gotten much less coarse, and whether because he had gotten used to it, or whether the hair was less profoundly anchored, the whole experience had lost most of its excruciating edge, especially if one didn’t let things get out of hand. As soon as he detected the presence of some soft peach fuzz, Justin went for a wax, about every couple of month. Brian obviously did the same.


Justin dressed quickly while Brian shaved, but lingered in the bedroom while Brian dressed. His business skin went on with an economy of movement born from years of practice, as he transformed from Brian, Justin’s lover, to Brian Kinney, ad exec, both equally gorgeous in Justin’s eyes.


Brian was fully aware of being observed, but still moved without any self-consciousness, comfortable in his own attractiveness. He smiled at Justin as he tied his tie and Justin smiled back.


“We should go shopping for you,” said Brian. “You look beautiful in black. And you have a real job now.”


Justin laughed. “Half the people in the Art Department wear jeans to work.”


“Not the managers. They often meet the clients.”


It was true. Sam always wore a shirt and tie, though without a jacket, Randy had an artistic New York look, in black turtlenecks and black pants, and Julie seemed to own an endless collection of pretty dresses.


“I hate shopping,” said Justin cringing.


Brian smiled evilly. “I’ll make it fun for you.”


Thoughts of Brian fucking him in a dressing room made Justin suddenly want to run to the store. He smiled back but then said with a heavy sigh and a martyred look, “I guess, if we have to, we have to.”


Brian laughed. He picked up the phone and called a cab, hung up, dialed again and ordered a triple espresso, a tall latte and a muffin and hung up once more.


“I didn’t know Starbucks took phone orders,” said Justin.


“They don’t. But the pusher who loiters at the Starbucks corner does, for a ten buck tip.”


Justin smiled. Life with Brian certainly was interesting. They were sharing the cab to Plexus, and Justin was then continuing alone to the airport. He would meet Brandon in the luggage area, and Jessica would wait for them outside, in her limo.


At the Starbucks, Brian told the cab to pull up to the corner, where a handsome black guy in white do-rag handed him a tray with the drinks, the muffin, and about ten sugar packets in exchange for a twenty. Justin had never been so happy to see a muffin in his life and ate the cap off of it in about twenty seconds.


Brian laughed. “I think we should get food for the loft,” he said as he tore open six packs of sugar in a well-practiced move, and dumped them in his espresso.


“Uhuh,” Justin agreed, his mouth full. He took a swallow of latte. “I can shop at some point today. Is there a grocery store near the loft?”


Brian took out his wallet and handed him a card with drawings of dancing vegetables and a smiling truck, a truly horrible example of advertising gone wrong.


“Go to this site, and have the groceries delivered. They have a special code for the outside door.”


“Don’t the groceries cost a fortune though?”


Brian shrugged. “It’s convenient.”


Justin smiled at him and handed back the card. “I work part time. I can’t afford convenient. I’ll shop and carry.”


Something in the way Brian looked when he took back the card told him this conversation was not over, but the cab pulled up in front of Plexus, relegating it to a later time. Brian got out and leaned back in to kiss him goodbye. It was delicious, all dark espresso and sugar, with his soft caressing tongue. God, he loved that man. “Later” said Brian, smirking, evidently fully aware he’d just given Justin a hard on.


“Later,” replied Justin, licking his lips and tracing his hard on with both hands, making obvious the fact he was going commando. Brian looked at his mouth, then stared at his crotch for a few seconds and backed out of the car, hitting the back of his head as he straightened out. He rubbed it as Justin smirked at him. Two could play that game. Brian chuckled as he turned away.

 

*****



Brandon’s flight was right on time. When he arrived in the luggage area and saw Justin, his face lit up with a smile. Justin’s inside did a little flip. He belonged to Brian, heart and soul, but one would have to be made out of stone not to feel a thrill to know someone like Brandon cared for him as much as he did.


“Welcome to New York,” Justin said.


“What have I gotten myself into?” joked Brandon.


“You’re going to love it,” answered Justin, grinning.


They walked out, and as if by preordained magic, Jessica’s black limo pulled up. She stepped out while her chauffeur put Brandon’s bag in the trunk and extended her hand to him.


“Hello, Brandon Bloomquist. Welcome to New York. Aren’t you indeed an amazingly gorgeous man… “


“Mrs. Hammon, a pleasure. You certainly are a most beautiful woman.”


“And here I thought this was the airport, when it actually is the meeting place for the society of mutual admiration,” joked Justin.


Jessica turned to him, a fake look of concern on her face. “I’m sorry, love. Are you feeling left out?” She smile a patronizing smile. “You are cute too, Justin.”


“Yes, Justin,” Brandon concurred. “Very cute. Adorable, even.”


“That’s it!” said Jessica, nodding emphatically to Brandon. “He is adorable.”


Brandon nodded back. “Cute as a button…”


“I’m so glad I came to ease you two into your first meeting,” said Justin, laughing, “because I can tell already how hard it’s going to be for you two to get along…“


They got in the Limo, and Jessica explained, ”I thought we would go to the Carlton and over breakfast, we can review the contract I have drawn up. I could certainly use a cup of tea, and poor ‘adorable’ Justin looks simply famished.”


“That’s good, thank you,” agreed Brandon. “Apparently, while I wasn’t paying attention, the airlines have stopped serving breakfast, so I could use some food as well.”

 

 

Jessica had ended up having dinner with Cynthia the night before, speaking of advertising contracts in general terms, and gossiping happily about Brian and Justin’s love affair.


“So glad we provided entertainment for the two of you,” said Justin.


“One takes one’s fun where one can find it.” Jessica smiled sweetly. “If you really want to entertain, you could regale me with the romantic details…”


“Jessica,” Justin interrupted, “did you ever see the movie ‘From here to Eternity’? You know, that scene on the beach?”


“Who hasn’t?” She shrugged.


“Well. It was exactly like that.” Justin smiled at her, innocently.


“In New York city…”


Justin nodded emphatically.


“In December…” she continued, and Brandon cracked up.


“Go figure,” said Justin, grinning into his menu.


The conversation returned to business. Jessica had called on a vague acquaintance of hers who wrote contracts for well-known actors to endorse products. She had gotten a lot of information in exchange for an introduction to a friend of hers who might promote the acquaintance’s career.


She had come up with a finished product that she explained to Brandon, as he ate an egg white omelet and non-fat cottage cheese.


“Wow,” said Brandon, noting the large fee she demanded on his behalf. “That’s a lot of money. How much do you actually think I’ll get?“


“Exactly this, minus my exorbitant fees, and Justin’s finder’s fee.”


Justin rolled his eyes. “Brandon, she’s pulling your leg. I don’t get a finder’s fee.”


“It’s all right, Justin, I’d be glad to pay it in services rendered,” answered Brandon, smirking suggestively.


“Really?” teased Justin. “You’d clean my house? All right!”


Brandon chuckled then asked Jessica seriously: “How much are your exorbitant fees?”


“Well, there is a retainer. Then I want to watch the whole thing being made. I think it’s going to be really fun.”


“OK. What’s the retainer?”


“One dollar, and actually, you’d better pay up before we go any further, to make things legal.” Seeing Brandon’s disbelief, she added, “Brandon, I’m retired, richer than God, and bored to tears. Now pay up.”


Brandon looked to Justin for confirmation. Justin had not been sure what financial arrangement would exist between Jessica and Brandon, but since this was exactly what his had been with her, he nodded to Brandon with a smile. Brandon dug in his pocket and got out a dollar. Jessica dropped it in her hard sided purse and snapped it shut.


She went back to the contract. “Your fee for the commercial is non negotiable. We have them by the ba… short hairs, and this is actually fairly middle range.” She looked at him apologetically. “You’re not Brad Pitt…”


He smiled and nodded.


“Under normal circumstances, we would aim for half of this, when the negotiating was over. But they don’t get to do that this time. What we will lose is the chauffeur and limo, they’ll tell you to keep your cab receipts, and your stay at the Plaza Hotel. They’ll put you up at The Carlysle, apparently they have a contract with them. It’s very nice. I just threw those in so they wouldn’t feel completely helpless, but let’s face it… They probably have the camera crew on standby, and a dance studio rented. They’ll sign.


“They will probably ask for unlimited hours. I have you at ten hours a day. We may have to go up to fourteen. They are really in a crunch. How much sleep do you need per night?” she asked Brandon.


“Six to eight hours, when I’m dancing,” he answered.


“Yes. So fourteen is our absolute maximum. Any special food request? I put it in just in case.”


“Yes. No fat, low carb, mostly protein. I’m allergic to shellfish and hate anything in the brassica family.”


Jessica took note, saying, “I’ll try to remember not to call you ‘mon chou’, then. OK. Finally, I have ‘No’ to full frontal nudity, ‘No’ to questions about sexual orientation, and a request for your pre-approval of any images used. We will get the first two. Forget the last one. They never give that one, not even with huge stars.”


“I don’t mind full frontal, or admitting I’m queer,” observed Brandon.


“If they wanted full frontal, which they won’t, we would double your fees. And not talking about sexual orientation means they cannot ask you to lie and pretend you are straight… Which they might otherwise.“ Brandon nodded in understanding.


“I think we are ready. Are you done with your breakfasts?”


Justin had just finished the most wonderful eggs benedict. He felt revived. Brandon was done as well. Jessica smiled at Brandon as she stopped Justin who was reaching into his wallet.


“Brandon gets to pay, and then gets the money back as a business expense,” she said. “Isn’t it great?”

 

*****


 

On the way to Plexus for the 10:00 o’clock meeting, Jessica answered her cell phone. As she started a rather animated conversation, Brandon leaned over to Justin.


“Did you hear that tone?”


Justin laughed. “Yeah.”


They cracked up. Jessica’s ring was AC/DC’s “Highway to Hell”. They both shook their head in wonder.

 

 

Brandon handed Justin the data carrier containing the taping of the previous night’s The Nutcracker. He said he had been amazed at the efficiency of the crew, who had come, talked to the stage manager and set everything up in less than ninety minutes.


“You don’t want to wait until after you sign the contract?”


“Why? We all pretty much know I’m doing this, so I might as well help out. The sooner they review this, the better.”


“They are going to want to film the same moves in “Practice” as you do on stage, from the same angles, and probably with similar light, so I’m sure they’ll be really happy to get their hands on this as soon as possible. How did it go last night?”


“Really well. After a few minutes I forgot they were filming, really. When I dance, I usually lose myself in it.”


“Usually?”


“Well, there was that one time when I kept checking out a guy in the front. It was distracting, so I ended up pretending I was only dancing for him. It was one of my best performances of the season…”


Brandon was looking at Justin with open yearning, and Justin felt himself blush. Brandon shook his head. “I’m sorry, Justin. Ignore me. I won’t do this again.” He took a deep breath and smiled at Justin. “Friends?”


Justin, relieved, smiled back. “Friends.” Brandon was sweet, and gorgeous, and funny and hot, but Brian coursed through his veins like his very blood, present in every beat of his heart. ‘Friends’ was the best and only thing he had to offer. They both noticed a little too late that Jessica had ended her phone call. She was looking at them knowledgeably but carried on, as if she had witnessed nothing.


“That was Jason, Justin. We usually do lunch on Mondays. I told him about the recent excitement in his poor old mother’s life, and he’ll meet me wherever we will be for lunch. He is glad you are back. He wants to speak to you about something. Will you join us?”


“I’m not sure. I don’t know if Sam or Brian will need me for something. Is it all right if I tell you later?”


“Sure. We’ll see what develops.”


They parted ways in the elevator, Justin going to the Art Department to find Sam, and Jessica and Brandon going on to the conference room on the third floor.


Sam was thrilled to get his hands on the footage so early. Their still photographer, Phil Heartman, and Adam Jewett, the director for most of their commercials were there, with their favorite cameraman, Roderick “Spaz” Spencer. Spaz was brilliant, but unless you knew him, his surfer speech and pothead intonations did not make the best impression…


The five of them watched the footage on a large screen computer, very worried at first, since the Christmas party was somewhat out of focus. However, the Pittsburgh crew had taken the injunction to concentrate on the male lead seriously. As soon as he appeared, the focus was perfect, as was the lighting. They had three different cameras on Brandon at all times, with closeup shots when he was alone, and even close in shots of his facial expressions when he was not.


Justin was impressed by the ease with which the four others were able to immediately recognize the best shots, the best angles. The director and Spaz’s technical jargon, interspersed as it was with “Awesomes”, “Dudes” and “Rads”, quickly lost him.


The seven second sequence that would be the end of the commercial was chosen, cut, and “Tanked” in no time, and the shots Spaz would have to reproduce were numbered and classified by shot angles. They had selected twenty, though in the end they would need only six.


Shortly after eleven, Sam’s phone rang. The contract was signed. They were very excited, having expected it to take a lot longer. It was time to go to the dance studio Betsy had rented, and start filming the rehearsal scenes.


“Taylor? Mr. Kinney requested you come along. Bring your sketch pad.”


Justin rode with the Art Department crew, Erica, the make up artist, and enough leotards, leg warmers, footless tights and other dance equipment to outfit a ballet school. The studio had been chosen because it had only two adjacent walls of mirrors. Two other walls, including one with a bar were devoid of them.


They had been repainted early that morning in a quick drying dove grey, which Phil had recommended for background color. Apparently it would emphasize Brandon’s own colorings. Then they had aged the new paint with nicks and marks that made it look as if the studio had been well used since the painting.


They’d also brought in a baby grand, which sat in a corner, and hired an actress who looked like a very proper retired grade school teacher, grey haired bun, pale blue sweater, and white round collared shirt, to pretend playing it.


Brandon, who had arrived in Jessica’s limo, had brought a lot of his own dance clothes as well, and changed quickly into some which complimented the color scheme and satisfied Phil, Spaz and Erica. As they waited for the lighting to be installed, Brandon joined Justin.


“How did the negotiations go?” asked Justin. “She’s brilliant, isn’t she…?”


Brandon laughed. “She's scary is what she is. She told this Bower guy right off that the fee was non-negotiable, though the rest of the contract was, but the guy kept harping on it, so she told him something like ‘Since regardless of my several reiterations that this number is non-negotiable, you continue to act as if it is, let’s make you happy. The amount is, from now on, subject to change. However, it will do so only upward, and in ten percent increments, every time you mention it. We, Mr. Bower, have you by the small hairs. Please be so kind as to stop pretending otherwise, and let’s move on.’ He completely caved in. I can’t thank you enough for hooking me up with her. She’s fantastic.” Brandon had accompanied his imitation of Jessica’s cool tone with the graceful hand gestures that emphasized her speech. He was an amazing mimic, and had Justin giggling.


It was time for Brandon to warm up. They were filming everything he did, just in case it might be needed, as he stretched and went through his normal routine. Brian finally showed up, a Starbucks cup in hand. As soon as he entered, he scanned the room until his eyes found Justin’s and he smiled. Justin smiled back, loving him. Brian spoke to Sam for a few minutes and came to join Justin.


“Hey.”


“Hey.”


“I heard the negotiations went well,” said Justin.


Brian laughed. “Your attorney is a menace to society. We should get her and Mel together. She had Gerard and Bower running scared and chasing their tail. She'd asked that Brandon be lodged at the Plaza. You should have seen their faces… Then she gave this long spiel about why her client refused to do full frontal nudity, knowing full well we didn’t need that anyway. She had them feeling like depraved porn addicts. It was classic. She got everything she really wanted, of course, and was quite sweet backing down from the crap she put in there just so she would appear reasonable. It was an education watching her. I still don’t know how she projects the fact that she is laughing at you without any external signs of it. I’d pay good money to find out.”


“You could just ask her.”


“Where is the fun in that?”


As they spoke, they were looking at Jessica. She was comfortably ensconced in the only chair available, the one that said ‘director’ on the back, as Adam seemed perfectly happy to crouch next to her and explain what was going on.


“How did your earlier meeting go?”


Brian answered, “That, too was an experience…” but did not elaborate, so Justin let it go.


The filming of the sequences they needed started. Brandon was awesome, his grace and control astonishing, as he repeated the same ‘Pirouette’, the same ‘Grand Jete’, the same ‘Fouette en tournant’ again and again to allow Spaz to get the right angles to match last night’s performance.


“He’s amazing,” said Brian.


“Yes, he is.” One could not but agree.


Brandon did a change of clothing, to make it appear as if it was a different day, and started again. They stopped to watch the takes. Brian and Justin joined the film crew, looking at the big screen laptop. They looked fantastic.


“Something’s missing,” said Brian, frowning.


“What?” asked Sam, who always trusted Brian’s instincts. They watched the takes again. Now that Brian had mentioned it, Justin agreed. Something was missing.


“Do you always practice alone?” Brian asked Brandon.


“Yes. Then there are the rehearsals, with the rest of the company.”


They watched the takes again. Suddenly, Justin knew what was missing. When Raines had trained, he’d had his coach present, commenting, chastising, encouraging. Brandon was alone and the perfection of his dancing made him hard to relate to, unattainable.


“We need a ballet teacher,” said Justin. “That’s what’s missing. Brandon is too alone, too self sufficient, too finished.”


Brandon laughed. “I haven’t had a ballet teacher in six years, since I graduated from the academy.”


“This is not reality, Brandon,” explained Adam. It has to do with people’s perceptions. Taylor is right. We need a teacher to replace the coach.”


“Shit,” said Sam. “He is right. We do need a ballet teacher. Damn. I thought we’d thought of everything. We need to call the agency, have them send actors to screen. It’s going to take forever.”


Brian went to look through the dance clothes the Art Department had brought. He picked up black tights, short black leg warmers, and on second thought, another set of black tights. Justin was watching him, puzzled, until Brian walked to where Jessica was sitting. Then he chuckled, and gestured for Brandon to come with him. They joined Brian.


“Mrs. Hammon,” Brian said with his most charming smile. “We need a dance teacher. You are it.”


“Pardon?” asked Jessica, nonplussed.


“Brandon looks too self contained, too unreachable, too perfect. We need a teacher to cut him down to size, make him more human,” explained Justin.


“Thanks,” said Brandon, laughing.


“I’ve never even taken a ballet class,” said Jessica, dismissively.


“Repeat after me,” said Brandon: “Five , six, seven, eight. That’s all you’ll need.”


“Please,” said Brian. “You can keep your lovely black turtleneck on. Put on these tights, tie your beautiful scarf around your hips, and let Erica put these other tights around your head to make some interesting head wrap. Then come in, do the counting thing, and tell Brandon to ‘please concentrate, dear, you look terrible’.”


She was staring at the three of them. “You can’t be serious.”


“Eema, just do as he says. You know you want to!” Jason had arrived at the studio to take his mother to lunch, and caught the conversation. He was grinning at Jessica. She grinned back.


“Oh, all right.” She looked at Brian. “You will owe me for this, Mr. Kinney. And do not think a cup of Earl Grey will suffice, this time.”


She grabbed the clothing from him, and walked to Erica.


“Excuse me, my dear. It seems I am required to become a dance teacher. Would you be so kind as to assist me in my transformation?”


“Of course!” said Erica, grinning. She grabbed her bag, and they headed to the changing room together, chatting away.


“Hi, Jason,” greeted Justin. “Thanks for your help in convincing your Mom.”


“She was just playing hard to get. She was dying to do it,” said Jason, laughing.


Justin introduced Jason to everyone.


“And you may remember Brian Kinney. It was at Pratt when you came to see my paintings.”


“How could I forget? Mr. Kinney. The new owner of your best piece, which you felt necessary to just give away.”


Justin blushed. He’d forgotten the little tug of war between Jessica and Jason regarding the painting, and Jason requesting to at least know where the painting was going so he could try to borrow it back to show it when he got Justin an exposition. As they were standing next to each other, the back of Brian’s hand ‘inadvertently’ brushed Justin’s.


Brian smiled at Jason. “It is a beautiful painting, isn’t it. I love it. Mr. Taylor was exceedingly generous.”


Jason could take a hint and nodded discreetly. Brandon had gone back to stretching, not wanting to cool down too much as he waited for the next takes.


“He is very good, isn’t he?” Jason said to Justin.


“Yes, he is the first dancer of the Pittsburgh Ballet Company. He is amazing to watch.”


Jason seemed to hesitate about something but then asked anyway.


“Mr. Kinney? Justin? Could you come with me? I’d like to talk to the cameraman and the director for a second, and I’m afraid they have no reason to pay attention to what I say, but I think if I don’t talk to them you may miss an opportunity.”


The three of them walked to Adam and Spaz.


“Excuse me, Mr. Jewett? Mr. Spencer?” said Jason.


“Spaz,” Spaz corrected.


“Yes, of course, Spaz. You might want to keep your camera rolling and catch my mother’s entrance. You see, she comes up with her best lines when she is a bit self conscious, which I am sure she will be, coming out. Whatever she says, it might not work for you, but then again it might. You don’t want to miss it.”


Spaz looked to Adam who looked to Brian, who nodded, and was very glad he had when a few minutes later Jessica made her appearance. She looked amazing. Her habitual perfect posture screamed ‘Ballerina’. All in black, except for a gauzy scarf around her waist, she looked thin and fit. Erica had done wonders with the second set of tights, now a broad black headband. She had also made up Jessica’s eyes in a slightly diminished but perfectly recognizable dancer’s makeup, the black kohl making the vivid green of her irises stand out. She stepped into the room, put her hand on her hips, and said to Brandon, who had just finished stretching and just sat on the floor, “Arre you planning to just look beautiful today Brrandon orr arre you actually going to dance?”


And Brandon replied, with a cocky and devastating smile, without missing a beat: “I can do both at once, you know.”


Jessica rolled her eyes, and smiled affectionately. “Arrrrogant whelp!”


“And cut! “ said Adam. “You got the whole thing, Spaz? That was fantastic!”


Jason smirked. Jessica was laughing with Brandon. She walked to her son.


“Look what you made me do, Jason!”


“Eema, that’s grandma Rivka’s accent.”


“Well, she may not have been built like a ballerina, to put it mildly, but she was Russian. I think Brandon’s teacher should come from the Bolshoi, don’t you? After all, they are the best!”


They did several more takes, with Brandon’s ballet teacher in the frame. Then they asked her to “criticize” him, so Brandon told her he was going to be a fraction too slow and heavy on his next jete, and as he was jumping, she made this frustrated gesture and said: “ Nonononono, Brrrandon. What arrre you doing? Arrre you channeling a dancing bearrr?”


Brandon landed and went into a fit of laughter. It took him a minute to recuperate. The next one she had to compliment. He executed it perfectly, and a big smile appeared on her face. When he turned to her, she looked almost bored, and said, “Not bad,” waving her hand dismissively. She was perfect.


After another hour, they called it good. They had everything they needed and more. Everybody’s mood was up. They looked at the takes excitedly. They might get it done on time, and it might actually be really, really, good. After “lunch” (It was already 2:30 in the afternoon), they were going to the gym on the 34th floor for a few workout shots.


Not knowing if he was actually supposed to sketch anything or not, Justin had sat in a corner and added a couple of drawings to his Brandon collection, and several of Jessica, the Bolshoi trained teacher. His hand was getting better, and he was getting much more proficient with the left one, able to do shading and general outlines with it. He could draw almost nonstop, now.


He had not been able to resist a quick sketch of Brian on his cell, as he was speaking to the owner of the gym. He was leaning with his back against the wall, one leg folded at the knee, his phone to one ear, and his hand to the other to block out some of the piano music. Even in this contrived looking position, he seemed perfectly relaxed and self possessed, beautiful.


Jason had to leave, having missed lunch, but thrilled to have been there to see his mother’s acting debut. He looked at Brian’s drawing over Justin’s shoulder, comparing it to its model.


“Can I see your pad?” he asked.


Justin handed it over, a bit self-consciously, but the man was his agent, and he trusted him completely.


Jason chuckled at the drawings of his mother in her ballet best, and flicked back through the drawings of Brandon, a few sketches of Gus, a three quarter profile of Brian, a detailed portrait of Hunter, a profile of Daphne in animated conversation, another one of Daphne with a manic grin, a nude of Brian (which he passed rapidly, thank god…), a portrait of Carl, multiple drawings of Brian’s hands, multiple drawings of his feet, Mel cuddling JR, Brian in profile, asleep, Brian smiling, Brian driving the Corvette… Jason closed the sketch book, smiling.


“’Mr. Kinney’ seems to be a recurring theme, Justin. You might want, for discretion’s sake, to use a different pad at work than you do the rest of the time. Your sketches are exquisite. If you are willing to part with a few, I am sure we could sell them at your next show…”


“It might be a while until I get another one,” said Justin. “The one in Pittsburgh was kind of a stroke of luck…”


Jason looked at him with a benevolent smile. “Your next show opens March the twenty-seventh, at the Brice Kindall Gallery in the Village. You will share the floor with a young sculptor, Heather Stokes, who is very good, and a glass artist from Finland whose name I can neither remember nor pronounce. We will need seventeen pieces, and as many of these as you are willing to sell, because I guarantee you everyone of them will.”


“I have a show? Oh, my God. A show? In a gallery in the Village? Holy shit. Sorry. Fuck! I don’t have seventeen paintings. Oh, my God. I’ve got to paint. Holy fucking shit. Sorry. Oh God. I only have eight. Plus two started, but one is a gift to someone. That’s nine. Oh fuck. Seventeen? Oh, my god…”


“Justin. Breathe. “ Jason laughed. “Come on. Three deep breaths. Atta boy. The gallery allows you to show up to four pieces unavailable for sale. You can borrow Mr. Kinney’s three, and use that other one you plan on giving away if you run out of time. See, it’s already thirteen. Which leaves you with four to paint in three months. You do more than that for assignments alone. You will be fine. I’m quite sure you will paint a dozen of them between now and then.”


Justin nodded, now too stunned to speak at all. A show. In a gallery. In the Village. In New York City. He was so glad he was sitting down. Jason clapped him on the shoulder.


“I have to run, Justin. I’ll talk to you later.” He chuckled. “Once you recover the power of speech…” He walked out, still chuckling.


Seventeen paintings. A show. In the Village. He started grinning like a fool, looking for Brian. He was busy discussing the takes with Sam and Adam. But Justin had to tell him! Now! Then he smiled and got out his cell. No one was paying him any attention; they were all focused on the takes. He dialed.


“Kinney”


“Brian… No! Don’t turn around! Are you heading back soon?”


“Yes. We are finished here.”


“Can we go now, ride together, alone?


“You need someone from the Art Department? Ok. I can bring Taylor back.”


Brian shut his phone.


“I’ve got to go back. I’m taking Taylor. I’ll see you at the Gym at five.”


He walked to Justin. “Taylor, get off your ass. You’re needed back at the office. We're leaving.”


And just like that, five minutes later, they were in a cab together. As soon as they pulled away from the curb, Brian was kissing him, and Justin thought he was going to melt from the onslaught, forgetting everything. When Brian stopped kissing him and smiled, he could only blink slowly.


“I have been wanting to do this since I walked in that door,” said Brian. “This is going to be harder than I thought.”


Justin had found his brain again.


“We don’t ordinarily work in that close proximity.”


“True. Thank you for thinking of calling. I was wracking my brain for an excuse to get you alone.”


The reason for his call suddenly came back to Justin.


“Oh, my God, Brian! Brian!”


“Justin! Justin! What?”


Justin giggled a little hysterically, but could not be bothered to care. Brian was waiting, smiling expectantly, amused by Justin’s obvious excitement.


“Brian! I have a show! In March! In a gallery! In the Village!”


“When did you find out?”


“Jason told me, right before he left.”


“And so you immediately called me on my cell to get me out of there and tell me.”


Justin immediately felt bad. Brian had been working. But apparently he was wrong, because Brian was not acting upset. Quite the opposite, in fact… Brian was kissing him again, and god, it was good. Oh, god. Too good. He could feel his body rejoice, his pleasure build, he really should stop Brian because he wasn’t even wearing underwear, and… oh, bugger that, it was too good, he just let the pleasure rise, loving it, loving it…


“Don’t come,” said Brian against his lips. “We’re going home.”


Justin groaned.


“Then I have no reason not to come, I can change pants…”


Brian, laughing, slid the window open and told the cabbie the change of plans and then whispered in Justin’s ear, “But if you come now, I can’t suck it out of you…”


Justin groaned again, his cock twitching at the thought, and he started palming Brian’s dick through his pants. Brian moved forward on the seat and leaned back, giving himself more space, relaxing and enjoying Justin’s touch. Justin feasted his eyes on his profile, the straight nose, the dark eyelashes, the marvelous lips…


Ten minutes later, they were getting out. Justin dialed all the codes, without problems, and as soon as they closed the door, Brian pushed him back against it, kissing him as he unbuttoned his jeans, and dropped down to take Justin's cock in his mouth. His mouth was warm and wet and sucking and licking and…


“Brian… Brian… oh God, yes, just like that…yes, don’t stop…oh god, fuck, Brian…” and he was coming, feeling Brian sucking out each jet of come as it came and swallowing it greedily and being ridiculously happy to be coming so long and hard and of giving Brian so much of his come to enjoy.


Then Brian was back, pinning him to the door, kissing him deeply as he started stripping off his own clothes. Justin toed off his boots, and wriggled out of his pants. When Brian stopped kissing him for a few seconds, as he took off his undershirt, Justin pulled off his shirt. They were grinning at each other, Brian walking backwards toward the bedroom, kissing Justin again, running his hands up and down over his naked ass and cupping his cheeks.


They climbed the stairs, Brian still walking backwards, and fell into bed. Brian reached under the pillow for a condom and for the lube, handed them to Justin, who was sitting astride of him, and said, “Ride my dick, Justin. I want to lie back and watch you.”


Justin loved this position, because he could watch Brian as he took his pleasure. He rolled the condom on Brian's very ready cock, and slathered lube on it generously. He lifted himself, and grinning at Brian, who was watching him with his hands behind his head, he impaled himself on his cock. Even as completely as he was able to relax to allow Brian in, there was still that delicious burn, and the wonderful fullness that went with it. Then he tightened himself again around Brian, watching Brian’s eyes as he shivered with pleasure. He sat there for a minute, enjoying the sensations, pulsing his sphincter muscles around Brian’s cock, but soon enough, he wanted more and lifted himself up, before settling down slowly again.


Though his cock was hardening anew, his urgency was gone and he could enjoy watching Brian’s face as his pleasure built. His hands on his thighs, he kept lifting up fast, and sinking down slowly, squeezing Brian tight. He loved it when a sheen of sweat appeared on Brian’s body, and when he rolled in his lips, containing whatever sound he might have made. Leaning forward, Justin kept his motions slow and easy as he sucked each of Brian’s nipples in turn.


“Justin, Justin…”


He started moving faster up and down, resting his hands on the mattress for balance, and licking each nipple, one after the other and back again, with a broad swipe of his tongue. Brian keened and Justin felt rewarded. He sped up again, making sure to give his motion as much range as possible, bringing the tip of Brian’s cock to the tight ring of muscle at his entrance before sinking back down as deep as he could go, now sucking on one of Brian’s nipple while rolling the other between his thumb and forefinger.


“Justin, touch yourself, I want to watch…” Brian's voice was raspy.


Justin put his weight on his left arm, keeping his motions fast and deep, and grasped his cock. There was hardly any lube left on his hand, and the head was still sensitive from his earlier orgasm, so the slide of his slightly callused palm over the ridge of his glans was immensely pleasurable but with an edge, like over-scratching a mosquito bite.


Brian had brought his hands to his own chest, and was playing with his nipples, watching intently as the head of Justin’s cock rose in and out of his fist. Justin changed the rhythm and motion of his hips, alternating three short thrusts, massaging the head of Brian’s cock with the tight muscles of his entrance, with one long deep slide, taking him fully in.


Brian’s eyes rolled back as his mouth opened, and on the fourth slide, he came, letting out quiet rhythmic little growls through his throat, his abs contracting almost violently, causing him to lift his upper body from the bed. When he reopened his eyes again, Justin stopped moving, and with Brian still deep inside of him, slicked his hand with spit, and brought himself off, letting his pleasure show for Brian’s enjoyment, tilting his head back and moaning as short bursts of spunk spewed forth from his cock onto Brian’s smooth stomach.


He smiled at Brian, who smiled back, and slowly raised himself off of Brian’s cock, carefully holding the edge of the condom, as his ass had tightened up around Brian’s diminishing girth and he was too spend for the effort it took to relax his muscles. He lay next to Brian.


Brian removed the condom, tied it off and threw it unerringly into the bin before coming up on his elbow and smiling at Justin.


“You have a show at the end of March in a gallery in the Village,” he reminded Justin, who smiled at him blindingly.


“They want seventeen paintings,” he said. “I only have nine, one of them only half done.”


“Are you worried?”


Now that Brian knew, now that they had made love, and that the first shock was over, Justin realized he wasn’t.


“No. You sell ideas, Brandon dances, I paint. It’s my gift.”


Brian smiled at Justin, combing his hair back from his forehead in that way he had, looking at him with so much love Justin’s body was warm with it.


“Justin. I want you to move in. I want you to live here with me.”


Justin’s mind reeled at the unexpected request and he started to say something, but Brian kissed his lips, stopping it.


“I’ve given this a lot of thought, and so should you. And if you don’t want to, it won’t change anything and I’ll understand. You love living at the brownstone. I know that. Just think about it. No pressure. When you decide, just let me know.”


He sighed. “I’ve got to go. I’m supposed to be at the gym at 5:00. You can stay here, or come along, or come later. I’m sure we’ll be working very late.”


They went into the shower together. There really was nothing to be gained from Justin’s presence at the Gym. They would probably film there a couple of hours. He could shop for food, eat something, and join them in the Art Department later when he could learn a ton from watching the pros at work.


“I’ll stay and shop, and join you there between 6:30 and 7:00.”


Brian was drying off, and walked around the loft picking his clothes up from the floor. Luckily the superfine wool of his Prada suit did not winkle easily.


“Sounds good. Buy me some skim milk and some Granny Smiths, will you?”


Justin smiled. “OK.”


“And take a cab to work, Justin. Just keep the receipt. It’s in your contract. You never have to ride the subway to or from work again.”


“Really? Wow! I need to finish reading this thing. God knows what else is in there…”


“You have to blow your boss on demand.”


“Sam?” teased Justin.


Brian laughed and kissed him.


“Later, smartass.”


“Later.”


To be continued....

 

 

Chapter 5 - The end of a very long day. by Conzieu

 

 

 

The end of a very long day.



Brian couldn’t believe he had asked Justin to move in. Though he had tried not to think too much about it, the thought of spending the night without him once they came back again from Pittsburgh had bothered him, and the logistics of Justin’s responsibilities to his roommates had been nagging at him.


Justin could go home to eat dinner there and clean the kitchen in the evenings, after leaving the studio at Pratt, and come to the loft for the night, going in with Brian to Plexus in the morning, of course. But then what would be the point of his keeping a room there?


Brian loved their ride back to the brownstone after Essengy, but not half as much as he would love the shorter ride to the loft followed by lovemaking…


Of course there were plenty of evenings when he would go out alone, when Justin painted late, or hung out with his friends. Would he rather come home at three in the morning to an empty loft, or find Justin’s warm pliant body asleep in his bed? A no-brainer.


What about Justin’s fattening food in his kitchen, Justin’s messy art supplies left lying on his desk, Justin’s computer and cell phone plugged in under the bed with unsightly cords, his shoes to trip on by the door, his clothes scattered where they fell, his friends hanging out at the loft, his music playing on the stereo, and god knew what else?


They were part of Justin, and he wanted them.


He remembered sitting on Andrew’s bed, working on his computer, hearing the noise of a house with seven people in it. He had liked it, and he could always make one of the guest bedrooms into his own space if necessary.


Another idea came to mind, fully formed. He could make the other bedroom, the one with the larger window, into a studio for Justin. More glazing could be added, and it already had water in the small bath, and it had high ceilings…


He had promised himself he would not bring up the possibility of Justin moving in now, that they could see how it worked with the present situation, and talk about it before his next quarter started. No pressure.


He’d certainly fucked that up.


Patience had never been his forte. He saw something he wanted, he went after it. But this was ridiculous. They had only been together for ten days (so why was it so hard to recall life without Justin?).


It was too rash a decision, much, much too soon. Justin was smart. He would be the voice of reason and ask to wait a little.


God, Brian really hoped not…


He laughed at himself as he alighted from the cab. With Justin, he’d found joy where before there had only been pleasure. Brian had entrusted him with his heart and now he cared, instead of staying aloof. Before, Brian had been satisfied with his life; now, he was… happy. He’d gone completely lesbianic. So fucking what? He was taking a chance on love.


The 34th floor Gym occupied a whole story, yet it seemed quite small suddenly, invaded by the camera crew and the different employees of Plexus needed there for one reason or another, all wearing city clothes. In the middle of it was Brandon, looking a little worn out. Jessica was there also, sitting on a workout bench, making it look like the most comfortable settee, chatting with Erica, looking around at the different apparatus.


Brandon smiled at him when he walked in, and Brian smiled back. He realized Brandon was probably relieved to see a familiar face, but found that he had started to genuinely like the man and think of him as a friend. Brandon was sitting at a chest press, obviously waiting for the filming to start. He went and sat across from him, on the adductor machine.


“Sick of it yet?” he asked with a grin.


“Bored. It’s hurry up and wait. The lighting’s all wrong apparently. Makes me look green.” He chuckled. “Nice gym, though. You work out here?”


“Yes, at lunchtime.” He smiled. “Then I get a blow job in the steam room, and I’m ready for the afternoon.”


Brandon burst out laughing. “Do you always find takers?”


“It’s a big building. The Gym is gentlemen only, and the gay magazine “Homme” has its offices from the twelfth to the fifteenth floor… and of course, I have a magnificent cock.”


Once again, Brandon laughed, hard.


“See the short guy over there, who looks like a miniature Matt Dillon? He has a mouth like a tree frog’s. He’ll take your cock and your balls in there.”


“Brian, that’s not even physically possible!” still laughing.


“I guess that’s for me to know, and for you to find out,” answered Brian, grinning. “Maybe you should have a steam after your workout…”


Brandon was still chuckling when Adam announced the lighting was now OK, that everyone not in workout clothes needed out of the frame, and that Brandon should do ‘whatever one does with those machines’.”


As a male dancer, Brandon needed terrific upper body strength. Ballerinas counted on him for secure, controlled lifts, and in moves like the ‘Pas de Deux’, any weakness could be dangerous, never mind ruining the show. Considering his leanness, the amount of weight he worked out with was impressive.


There was not an ounce of fat on his body and the movements of his muscles could be perfectly seen under his skin. But once again, watching the takes, they realized he looked too perfect, too focused, and too alone. He needed a work out buddy.


They looked around the gym for a potential candidate until Jessica spoke up.


“Mr. Kinney, aren’t you a member of this establishment? Wouldn’t it be more comfortable, and therefore look better on film if Brandon actually knew the person with whom he works out? You two seemed to be having a lovely time together earlier. Isn’t that what’s needed? Someone with whom he can joke and laugh as he does these tedious exercises?”


Once again, she looked absolutely innocent, but he knew she was laughing at him. It was payback time. Everyone was looking at Brian.


“Dude, you’d be perfect. Same skinny ass build, dark to contrast his light. Totally rad,” was Spaz’s take on the idea. “And no worries, mate. No facial shots. You’re too good looking. We don’t want to distract from Brandon. Just the back of your head and your bod.”


Brian knew when to be gracious. He went and changed, picking his darkest workout clothes.

 

 

They ran on adjacent treadmills for a while, asked to go the same speed and use the same stride. It was kind of fun.


“You have a very lithe built,” commented Brandon. “How old are you?”


What the hell. The truth will set you free. “Thirty-four.” God. He was ancient.


“Your body looks ten years younger, you know?” Brandon said, “When tall guys have just finished growing but have not bulked up yet? What do you eat to keep that look?”


“Practically nothing,” answered Brian, and that was the pathetic truth.


Brandon laughed. “I believe it. The early twenties are a hard period for male dancers. We need the bulk, the muscle mass, and it feels like it’s never going to come. It seemed I ate nothing but tuna by the pound and cottage cheese by the quart, while working out like a fiend for three years, to bulk up.”


“Your body is perfect now,” said Brian.


“Perfect for what I do. It’s a work in progress, but nature was good to me. I have perfect symmetry, perfect proportions, nice height, and long muscles. Those things you are either born with, or you never have. Well that’s not true. You can correct symmetry a little.”


“Guys, let's stop the treadmills. Erica is going to sweat you up with her water bottle, and then we will do a sequence at much higher speed, like a four-minute mile, for one minute. Then the treadmill stops and you guys high five. OK?”


Erica came with two bottles: One to spray their clothes in strategic areas, and an Evian mister for their exposed skin and to wet their hair. They looked like they had just finished a long race.


“This is much easier than my usual work out,” joked Brandon to her.


“And I bet you smell better than you usually do, too!” said Erica.


“That too,” he conceded. “Though good clean sweat can smell nice.”


“Such a guy thing to say!” Erica rolled her eyes.


Brian thought about how much he enjoyed the smell of Justin’s clean sweat, the taste of it, the smell of his crotch and the taste of his ass…


As they got back on the treadmills, Brandon smirked at him. “Thinking about Justin’s smell, Kinney?”


Brian was sporting an impressive boner, something he was never embarrassed about. “About the taste of his ass, actually,” replied Brian. “But that’s probably another guy thing…”


The treadmills started and they were running all out, though Brian was grinning, and Brandon was still laughing. A short minute later, they did their high five, and walked away, towels with the Clearlife insignia around their necks, bottles of Clearlife vitamin water in their hands.


“That was perfect, guys. How about some abs?”


It took another hour for them to have all they needed. Brandon and Brian headed to the showers.

 

 

A naked Brandon was a thing of beauty and Brian did not even pretend not to look. Brandon did not keep his eyes down either. Brian was gorgeous in his own right.


“What is it about him?” said Brandon, as they were toweling themselves off.


Brian knew exactly who ‘him’ was. 5’9”, only a shade of muscle definition, a bubble butt and legs more muscular than his torso.


“I’m not sure,” he answered pensively, “but I’ve never seen anyone more beautiful in my life.”


“Me neither,” answered Brandon ruefully.


Brian wondered, not for the first time, what had happened between the two of them. He knew about the blowjobs in the backroom, but had a feeling there might be more than that. Though sexual jealousy did not seem to be much a part of his make-up, he had certainly felt serious twinges of it about Justin. Now, he was interested to note that knowing Brandon and Justin had probably fucked only made him feel more sympathy for Brandon.


They returned to Plexus at 7:00 and went directly down to the Art Department. The movie editing computer and the large screening screen had been brought into the large work room. There was a bit of a spread, with turkey sandwiches, hummus, cottage cheese, and fruits, all of it oriented to Brandon’s requirements, with not a lick of mayonnaise or olive oil in site. That suited Brian just fine and he grabbed half a sandwich.


Justin wasn’t there. Brian dialed his cell number. It rang, then went to voicemail. Perhaps it had been at the bottom of his bag, and he’d not had time to reach it. He pressed redial. Ringing, voicemail. Could he have left it at ho… at the loft? Maybe he had headphones on and couldn’t hear it. But he had it on the ring/vibrate combo. Ringing, voicemail.


He closed his phone, which vibrated immediately and almost gave him a heart attack. He flipped it open.


“Justin?”


“You know Brian, there are other people who own cell phones in the world beside Justin.” It was Cynthia. “I walked over to Mansoor’s to get ice for the drinks (Where the hell is Sarah when one needs a slave girl, by the way?), and I’m stuck in the lobby. One of the elevators is stuck on 3, and you know that’s Alan, blocking the bloody door while he gives Betsy his last minute instructions, for forty-five minutes. The other seems stuck between the lobby and 2. I almost got on that one, but that asshole Phil from Legal let the door close, when I know he saw me coming. I cannot believe I actually went out to dinner with that prick.”


“Phil? Are you sure?”


“Which part of ‘went out to dinner with that prick’ did you miss, Brian? Yes. I know Phil. He is in the elevator, apparently stuck between here and two, and the stairs’ door in the lobby can only be opened from the inside, so get yourself down here and let me in. That ice is cold.”


“How did he get in?”


“What?”


“How did Phil get in?”


“Oh. Justin arrived in a cab and Phil was waiting by the door. He probably forgot his card. Justin let him in. I was across the street but the light changed and I was able to cross. The elevator doors were just starting to close when I got in. Phil totally saw me but closed them anyway. Now he’s stuck. Serves him right.”


“Justin’s in there with him, Cynthia.”


“Poor Justin, stuck in there with that prick.”


“With that extremely homophobic prick whom I fired and had escorted out of the building by security this morning. What's Dwayne’s extension?”


“Oh, shit!…3616, I think. No! 3816. 3816, Brian, I’m sure.”


Brian felt sick. He would not panic. Elevators got stuck all the time (but then people pressed the emergency bell…). Phil did not know who Justin was (but Justin was not answering his phone…).


“Hello?” Oh, for fuck's sake!


“Yeah.”


“Dwayne, this is Brian Kinney from Plexus. I need you to use your override key on one of the elevators that seems to be stuck between the lobby and the second floor.”


“There hasn’t been any bell, or any call. Are you sure?”


“Dwayne, I'm sure. Where do the elevators go when you use the key?”


“Down here.”


“Down here where, Dwayne?”


“Well, the garage, of course.”


“Go to the elevator. Use the key, NOW. I’ll be right down.”


Brian had been jogging for the stair’s door and now started going down, the sole of his Gucci loafers sliding on the bare, smooth concrete. As he passed the lobby, Cynthia was banging on the door and he opened it for her, not waiting to see if she actually got in. He almost killed himself on the last flight, and once in the garage, ran to the elevators, his leather soles still sliding. Cynthia, her pumps in her hands, was right with him. Above a couple of car roofs, he could see the door of the elevator opening, then he heard Dwayne, “Get off of him, get off!” then the sound of a fist on flesh and of a body hitting the cement.


As he came in view of the elevator, his brain took in every detail of what he was seeing.


Justin, lying on his stomach at the bottom of the elevator, pulling his hand out of his carrier bag and standing up on wobbly legs, his unbuttoned pants showing white underwear. His face and shirt were all bloody, crimson running out of his nose. He wiped his hands on his thighs, buttoned his pants and wiped his nose on his sleeve. He was all right. He was all right.


Brian stepped in the elevator and reached for him, but Justin batted his hand away. “Don’t touch me!” he said in a shaky voice.


Cynthia removed the emergency key from the lock and handed it to Dwayne, stepped in the elevator with a trembling Justin and a stunned Brian. Her hand in the middle of his chest, she pushed Brian back, shaking her head “No” and said, “Justin, you're bleeding all over.” Staring at Brian, she added, “Let’s go to the Lady’s Lounge on the 3rd floor. There is an emergency kit, and we’ll take care of that.”


The doors closed. Phil was on the cement floor, out like a light.


“He was on top of that sweet blond kid that always says hello,” said Dwayne. “I think he was trying to take his pants off. D’you think he wanted to… you know? That boy was fighting him like a lion. He may be a pansy, if you know what I mean, but he was not gonna let it happen, and that’s for damn sure…”


Brian dialed 911 to report an assault, and mentioned the perpetrator was unconscious in the garage. They were sending a car, and an ambulance. Brian did not want to wait. He wanted to be on the 3rd floor, waiting for Justin.


He called the elevator, and apparently Alan must have concluded his nightly instructions because it came almost immediately.


Before stepping in, he said, “Thank you, Dwayne. Thanks a lot. Please wait for the police. They should be here any minute. If you can avoid it, could you not mention that Mr. Taylor’s fly was open, and that it’s possible Phil was trying to take advantage of him? I think we should let Mr. Taylor decide whether to mention it or not.”


“Sure, Mr. Kinney. I know how some of them cops feel about pansies. They’d probably say the kid was asking for it. I won’t say nothing ‘bout that. Let the boy decide what to say. You’d be his… good friend then, Mr. Kinney?”


“Yes I am.”


“You’re a lucky man, then. He’s a very nice young fella. Polite. I like the ladies, myself, but I can tell a good guy when I see one, pansy or not.”


“Yes. I’m very lucky.”


The doors closed and Brian started shaking. ‘He’s all right, he’s all right…’ He mentally slammed the door shut on the “what could have happened” chamber of Hell, and concentrated on recalling Justin getting up, a little shaky but looking mad as hell, and wiping his nose on his sleeve.


Justin was only 5’9”, and less than 150lb, Phil was as tall as Brian, 6’2”, 6’3” and big, 190, 200lb. How long were they in there? Long enough for Cynthia to lose her patience and call him. Ten minutes? Fifteen minutes?


The doors opened on the third floor. Contrary to the impression he’d given Betsy, he knew perfectly well where the staff room was. Attached to it was the Lady’s Lounge. When your personal assistant tells you she wants a lounge, and you depend on her as much as Brian depended on Cynthia, or Paul on Emily, you said, “How large?” When the bill for the furnishings topped that for your own office, you said, “I’m so glad you have a comfortable place to relax,” and if there was a weekly bill for Evian water, fresh fruit, fresh flowers, and Godiva chocolates, you just signed it with a smile. These women routinely worked ten to twelve hour-days, and deserved everything they got.


He went into the staff room, and started pacing. The Ladies’ Lounge had a keypad. He did not know the code. Then he noticed the door was held open by the tall heel of a red soled pump. He got close.


“Stop moving, Justin, keep your head back!”


“Sorry, I’m just full of adrenaline. That fucker!”


“I know.”


“He was so fucking big, so fucking heavy!”


“And such a prick. Don’t forget the prick part.”


Justin let out a shaky laugh. She had him laughing.


“You look like you butchered a hog,” she said.


“I was trying for that look.”


“Good job, then.”


“You know what gets me? Now everybody is going to say: ‘Poor little Justin’, like I’m a victim or something.”


“He did attack you, Justin.”


“I know. And I could kiss Dwayne for getting the fucker off my back, but now he… now people are going to look at me differently, see me as weak.”


“You mean Brian.”


“No, I mean… Yes. Brian. Thank god he asked me to move in before this, and got me free cabs on my contract yesterday, because otherwise, how would I have known he wasn’t doing it to watch over me, to protect me?”


A feminine peal of laughter. “He asked you to move in! Oh, I am going to make him eat so much crow!!”


“I’m so glad my woes amuse you…”


“Sorry. He’ll be a little overprotective. You scared the piss out of him; it’s normal. Give him a week, and then, if he’s still doing it, tell him off…”


There was silence for a moment, then, “He’s the same height as Phil, isn’t he?”


“…Yeah.”


“And he is… forceful, his personality is domineering…”


“…Yeah.”


“But he’s not like Phil, is he, Justin? He loves you.”


“I know that Cynthia.”


“I know you know that. In your head. In your heart. But in your gut…”


“Yeah. I pushed him away.”


“You needed space. You needed to calm down. He was tall and he was going to hold you. He’ll understand.”


“That fucking prick!”


“Hopefully, we are back to Phil?”


Justin’s laughter again, more relaxed this time.


“Yeah. We are. I don’t want to fear the man I love because of him. I don’t want the man I love to see me as a helpless victim.”


“Fat chance of that. He saw what I saw.”


“Yeah, me, on the fucking floor, helpless and bleeding.”


“No, you, on the floor, fighting tooth and nail and reaching into your bag.”


“You saw that, eh?”


“What’s in your bag, Justin?”


“My Exacto-knife. The big one.”


“Good thing for Phil that Dwayne opened that door then. Saved his ass.”


“He was pissing me off.”


Another peal of laughter. “Remind me not to piss you off. We’re done. You’re not bleeding anymore. Put this on. It’s Betsy’s.”


“She went to Dartmouth?”


“Yes. Emily and Dianne went to Radcliff.”


“You?”


“Bryn Mawr”


“Wow. The women behind the men…”


“Yep. Half the population, all the brains…”


“Hey!”


“I know, Justin, the truth hurts.”


They laughed again, amidst chair noises, and Brian opened the door just enough to push her shoe all the way in.


Then he went and sat next to the coffee machine. Justin saw him and smiled, a real Justin smile, and then said, “Ouch,” and pressed a Kleenex to his lip.


Cynthia shook her head, “Thanks, Brian. There goes all my hard work.”


Justin was completely clean, not a trace of blood on him, and except for a small cut in his lip, he looked completely unhurt. Brian got up, and Justin walked into his arms, holding onto him fiercely.


“Sorry about earlier. I didn’t want to put blood on your suit.”


Brian went along with it. “I truly appreciate that. It’s my favorite.”


“Cynthia thinks I might have black eyes tomorrow, though we iced the shit out of my nose.”


“Yeah. Good thing I had that ice…” she commented.


Brian looked at Justin’s face. His nose and cheeks were a bit red, but not terribly so. He put a feather light kiss on his lips.


“You can adopt the gothic look for a few days, and no one will notice.”


Justin laughed: “Yeah. My hair color is perfect for goth…”


Brian’s phone rang.


“Kinney.”


“Officer Hamill, sir. We are here about the assault. We talked to Mr. Cussac, he said you witnessed it as well, with a lady, and that you’d know where the alleged victim is.”


“Yes, officer. We are all on the third floor. Please come up to my office.”


“Go on,” said Cynthia, “I’ll bring them in.”


Brian and Justin walked to his office, Brian’s arm on his shoulders. As soon as they closed the door, Brian hugged him tight, breathing in his scent.


“I was so fucking scared…”


Justin just hugged him back.


“I want to kiss you but I don’t want to hurt your cut…” said Brian.


“Well, you could always suck my cock instead…”


There was a knock on the door.


“Damn, one more minute and I had you right where I wanted you,” said Justin.


Brian chuckled as he opened the door.


Officer Hamill was a petite black woman with a no nonsense air about her. Her partner was twice her size, black as well and very dark skinned, but with striking light hazel eyes.


She looked around the room, and her eyes stopped on Justin.


“You're the victim?”


“I’m the one who was attacked,” corrected Justin.


“Well, that big boy in the hospital sure messed with the wrong man, didn’t he?”


Her partner laughed quietly, his big frame shaking.


She took out her moleskin booklet. “I just finished talking to the receiving nurse at Columbia general.” She read off the page. “Three broken metatarsals, a broken astragal, that’s his foot apparently,” she translated for them, “two broken ribs, a broken nose, a broken jaw, Mr. Cussac claims the jaw as his handy work, and my favorite, one burst testis, being surgically removed as we speak… He’ll be in the hospital for at least 72 hours.”


She looked at Justin. “You took a couple self defense classes, didn’t you, son?”


“I was bashed when I was seventeen. I went to the classes sponsored and taught by the Pittsburgh police force for two years after I got better, as part of my therapy.”


“Thought so. I recognize all the injuries.”


She turned her back to her partner who grabbed her from behind and pretended to stamp her foot hard on top of his. He said “foot,” she swung her elbow back, “ribs.” He let go of her and brought his arms protectively to his chest, she turned to kick her right foot crotch height, “balls,” he said and folded his body in half, holding his genitals. Her hands on the back of his head, she swung her other knee up, ”nose” he said, and fell to the floor in the fetal position.


“Your teachers would be proud. You did everything right,” she said, helping the big guy back up.


“He was supposed to be out of commission!” said Justin, annoyed. “That’s why I turned away to ring the alarm. He jumped on my back and flattened me. I fell on my bag.” He pointed to his lip.


Big guy explained, “He would have fainted in a few more minutes, but he had two grams of alcohol in his blood. His brain didn’t know he was hurt yet.” He sounded just like Barry White.


Justin nodded. “I could smell the booze as soon as he came on. I ignored him, figuring he’d leave me alone. He grabbed me from behind, called me a little faggot, ripped my fly open and said I’d gotten my job by sucking cock, and that if I liked it so much, he’d be glad to put his prick up my ass.”


Agent Hamill shook her head. “Well. We’ll pile on the charges.”


“Will it go to court?”


“Truthfully? Probably not. First offense. They’ll bargain it down. But if we charge him with enough he’ll do some time.”


She gave each of them a card. “Please come in tomorrow and review your deposition. We can talk to you then or we can talk to you now,” she said to Brian and Cynthia.


“Now,” said Cynthia.


“Tomorrow,” said Brian.


“Do you need me anymore?” asked Justin. “I’d like to get back to work.”


“No. See you both tomorrow. I’ll be in from one to four if you want to see me, otherwise your case number is on the card.”


“Thanks.”


As they were leaving, they heard Officer Hammil say to Cynthia, “That’s a really nice painting. I like the one in the lobby, too. Feels like the city, you know?”


Justin and Brian looked at each other and Brian said, “A woman of excellent taste.”


In the elevator, he smiled at Justin and caressed the side of his face. Justin turned into his hand and kissed his palm, and Brian, stupidly, felt like crying. He took a deep breath.


“Brian,” said Justin, softly, putting his hand on top of Brian’s, ”I’m all right.”


Brian pulled him against his body and kissed the top of his head.


The doors opened. When they exited the elevator, they found Dwayne, waiting with Justin’s bag.


“Poked my head in there,” he said pointing to the Art Department’s workroom, “didn’t see you there. I figured I’d wait.”


“Thank you so much, Dwayne. That was very thoughtful of you,” said Justin.


“What’s going on in there? You’re all here mighty late,” Dwayne asked.


“We’re making a commercial,” said Justin.


“Like for TV?”


“Yes. For TV.”

 

 

Dwayne looked very impressed.


Dwayne had worked for the building for over twenty years, as far as Brian knew. He had a small apartment on the premises, somewhere in the basement, and was always around. For example, tonight, Brian had had no doubt Dwayne would be available to help open the elevator. He made a quick decision.


“Dwayne, it’s top secret, but if you can keep it to yourself, you can come in and watch,” he said.


“Scout's honor,” said Dwayne looking pleased as punch, crossing his heart.


He walked in with the two of them, looking around. Brian found a spot where he could see the big screen, and not be in anyone’s way. Brandon, who was drinking some water at the impromptu buffet, saw Justin and made his way in their direction. Brian smiled at him, telling Dwayne: “Stay right there. Mr. Taylor will introduce you to the star before they both have to go to work again.”


Brian joined Sam near the large screen where the takes were showing.


“Where the hell have you been?”


“A long and painful story. How is it going?”


“Good. You weren’t missed. We’ve been choosing shots. Not easy, too many good ones. We have enough for a two-minute spot. We’re going to cut it, and then from it make the thirty-second one. You weren’t here. I made an executive decision.”


“I do have a phone.”


Brian looked towards Justin. He was laughing with Dwayne and Brandon.


“Well, considering you weren’t answering, it wasn’t much use. Were you in the garage or something?”


“Yes, actually, I was. And a two-minute spot is a great idea. If it’s really good, I should be able to sell it to them, for use after the Rose Bowl, when minutes are cheaper.”


“That’s exactly what I said.” He added, “We have to tape some “Deep thoughts” from Mrs. Hammon, but we don’t have a writer. You want to take a crack at it?”


“Let me talk to her.”


Justin had come forward and was watching Spaz and Adam working on a computer. He looked fine. Brian needed to relax.


Jessica, like Dwayne, was watching everything from a spot out of the way, except that she was in Sam’s extremely comfortable leather chair, and drinking some Perrier water with ice. Brian called Steven, the sound specialist, over.


“Mrs. Hammon.”


“Mr. Kinney.”


“Are you enjoying yourself?”


“Immensely.”


“We need you and your Grandmother again, I'm afraid. Steve, here, needs to record voice-overs, general comments about Brandon that have nothing to do with the images per se, but are appropriate in a general sense, mostly about how special he is. In the jargon, we jokingly call them, ”Deep Thoughts”, because they sound good, but don’t mean much. They are the equivalent of the journalists’ sound bites.“ He turned to re-introduce Steve. “You’ve seen Steve working today, along with the cameraman. This is different. He will just be taping your voice.”


Justin and Spaz were talking animatedly, pointing at the screen. Justin looked excited, probably learning something new.


“Brian, we don’t have a script yet,” said Steve, bringing him back.


“I know. I’m supposed to write it, but I think if I give Mrs. Hammon a theme, she can probably improvise. It will sound more genuine.”


“I don’t think that’s going to work…”


Jessica’s eyes were shining. “Oh! Let’s try it, shall we?” To Steve: “I’m an attorney. You would be surprised at the bullsh… the improvised words of wisdom we come up with on demand. I can think on my feet.”


Steve shrugged. Brian said: “Ready?” Both Jessica and Steve nodded.


Brian thought for a second, watching Justin smiling and gesturing to describe something.


“Poetry in motion,” he said.

 

 

“Go!” said Steve.


"Poetrrry in motion! I think always: what a stupid English exprrression! Poetrry is poetrry! motion is motion! Then one day, I see Brrrandon dance… And I think…. Oh! So… that’s what it means! Because that’s what he is: Poetry in motion!


“Cut! ... Eh,” said Steve. “That's really good! Great delivery!”


Jessica smiled. “Thank you.” Then her face lit up. “I have another one! Oh, it’s really over the top!! You’ll love it.”


“Go!”


“The firrst time I see Brrrandon on stage I think: Dance? I neverrr danced. Now this is dance. He rrredefines grace. He rrredefines control. He rrredifines BALLET!”


“Cut!” The three of them laughed.


“It’s the accent,” Steve said. “What you say is totally cheesy, but the way you say it, we think: Oh, it’s that passionate, fiery Russian temperament… That was great. You must be a kick ass lawyer!”


“I had my moments.” Brian was surprised to see her cheeks pink with pleasure at the compliment. “I’m retired, now.”


“You didn’t sound retired this morning,” Brian said. “You had them chasing their tails.”


She laughed. “It was fun. I was this close to getting him the Plaza!”


Brian smiled, “Sad, but true…”


Adam joined them with Brandon. “Tomorrow, we do the interviews. We might need you again if you are willing, Ma’am.”


“It will be my pleasure,” she said.


“Mr. Bloomquist and yourself can call it a night, then. We'll have the set ready, and start at… What do you think, Kinney?”


“We’re doing the set tonight?”


“Yes.”


“Eight then.”


“Is eight all right Ma’am, Mr. Bloomquist?”


“Eight is fine.”


“Yes. Fine.”


“Ma’am, I’m not sure how much we will use you, but it will be nice to have you around if need be. Thank you so much for today. You are entitled to payment for the acting job. There are different scales. A non-speaking extra, like the piano player, is on one scale, small acting parts on another. Monica, over there, can tell you your number of hours, and your pay scale for both your acting bit, and for your voice-overs. If you are already a SAG member, you are on a different scale altogether…”


“I am happy to do it on a volunteer basis, to help out,” said Jessica.


“Are you sure?”


“Quite sure.”


“Then Monica will have a form for you to sign. You were excellent, by the way.”


“Thank you.”


“See you tomorrow, then.” Adam went to join Spaz at the computer.


“Brandon, dear, I would be happy to drop you off,” offered Jessica,” and pick you up at your hotel in the morning, if you wish.”


“I’d appreciate it. I was up early, and it’s been a long day. Give me a couple of minutes? I want to talk to Brian for a moment.”


They walked to the buffet.


“Is Justin OK?” asked Brandon.


“Yes, why?”


“Don’t bullshit me, Kinney. He has a split lip, and you smell like fear. I’ve been watching you. You keep checking on him.”


Brian reminded himself that, though Justin was his, he was not the only man here who loved him.


“He was attacked in the elevator by a homophobic ex-employee with a grudge. Justin beat the crap out of him. The guy is in the hospital having a burst testis removed. He has seven broken bones as well. Justin fell on his bag and split his lip. I’d realized they were in the elevator together. The guy had stopped it between floors. He is 6’2”, 6’3”, 190, 200lb. I was scared shitless. Unnecessarily, evidently.”


“Holy crap!”


“Yeah. The big homophobe picked on the wrong little blond faggot. Justin’s fine.”


“Are you?”


“I will be.”


“Thanks. For telling me.”


Brandon went to say goodbye to Justin, then went back to Jessica, offered her his arm, and they left, having an animated conversation.


Justin was now sitting with Spaz and some other member of the filming crew whose name Brian didn’t remember. Justin was holding the mouse, following the crewmember’s instructions. They were working on a small screen, but what they were doing was showing on the big one. They were cutting and joining scenes together, apposing the rehearsal moves and the stage moves.


The angles were the same, the speed of motion was the same, the lighting direction was the same. It was as good as it gets. Justin was having fun with the Fouete en tournant, changing from one to the other on every turn. Spaz’s colleague looked excited at the idea. Justin was gesturing and asking a question, and pretty soon, Brandon’s clothing was changing color every two turns, yellow scene costume, yellow workout clothes, orange costume, orange clothes, red costume, red clothes. It looked very cool. They switched back to the true colors. It didn’t look half as exciting. They went back and did it for all the jumps, the Jete in blue, the Pirouette in purple, a move Brian did not recall the name of in green. The similar colors emphasized further the similarities between the moves, the perfection of execution. It was brilliant.


He looked back from the large screen to the computer where Justin was working with the cameraman and his colleague. They were laughing. Spaz called the director over, and showed him the difference the color change made. Adam looked happy, and clapped Justin on the back. Brian felt an absurd burst of pride in Justin. Anything visual, Justin could improve.


He hated to disturb him, but he needed his extra sketches of Brandon and those of Jessica, the ballet teacher. He’d had this idea for the interview set, and Sam had liked it. They were using Erica’s makeup station and making it look like Brandon’s changing room at the theater. They needed to reduce the exposed area of the mirror, to give the camera greater range without appearing in the reflection.


It was usually done by putting pictures, programs and so on under the frame all around the mirror, as if the performer used it as some kind of scrapbook. It was such a cliché, people were always surprised when visiting real changing rooms to find the mirrors completely free of clutter. Brian wanted to use Justin’s sketches, and then during the interviews, which were supposed to appear to be unplanned, unscripted conversation, the camera could break the monotony of the shot by focusing on the sketches, with the voices then on voice-over.


It would be quick, the final commercial being only thirty seconds, at least originally, but it was amazing how much you could fit into that time, or at least suggest was there. There would be bottles of vitamins and supplements in every frame, but just as the vitamin drinks at the gym, and the energy drinks at Brandon's practice were seen and used but not spoken of, they would not be mentioned. Only at the very beginning, and at the very end of the commercial would the name Clearlife be spoken, though it would be seen continuously.


“Taylor, sorry to interrupt. We need the sketches of Brandon and of Mrs. Hammon you drew this morning.”


“Sure. They’re in my bag.”


Justin got up, and they went to where Dwayne was still standing, staring at the big screen, fascinated. Justin got his pad out and carefully removed the drawings required. He was about to close the pad when Brian stopped him. He looked at the drawing of himself on the phone, and was reminded anew that he was loved by this amazing young man. He looked at Justin, who was blushing and smiling at him almost shyly, his eyes full of love, and Brian smiled back, wishing he was capable of saying the words that filled his heart.


He and Sam worked on the set, and then he wrote the script for the interview, wondering how Brandon would do. Perhaps they should just ask him the questions and see what his natural answers were like, and only script them if that didn’t work.


Spaz and Adam worked out the camera angles, and filmed the shots of the sketches to be inserted later.


Brian went back to the main room to find Justin still working with the guy whose responsibility apparently was to edit the movie.


They played the two-minute spot, which had forty-seven seconds of blank space interspersed throughout, and the thirty-second spot, which only had nine free seconds left. So far, they were totally amazing. Better than the Raines commercials, which was unbelievable.


Justin pushed back from the computer desk and stood up, stretching. Brian couldn’t wait to get him home. He walked over, remembered the guy’s name just in time and said, “They look great, Chris. Can’t do much more tonight.” Then he asked Justin, “Taylor, where do you live?”


“Uh… Tribeca, for now.”


“Good. I want to talk to you about the St Blanche winery project. Tribeca’s on my way. We can share a cab and talk about it. Meet you downstairs in ten minutes.”


Brian went up to his office, picked up his coat and his computer bag and headed down to the lobby.

 

 

Justin was outside and had hailed a cab. They got in, unconsciously taking their usual position. Brian sighed. He loved holding Justin.


“Do you know what Chris said when you left?” asked Justin. “He said, no wonder they call him the Asshole. He wants to share a cab to talk about work? It’s not as if you haven’t had a fourteen-hour day already…”


Brian had to laugh. “Good. I wouldn’t want to disappoint.”


“Your evil work persona turns me on,” said Justin. ”When we get home, I want you to fuck me. Hard.”


Brian didn’t know which was better. That Justin had just slipped and called the loft ‘home’ or that he wanted to fuck after such a long day. His cock didn’t care. It had heard the word fuck and reacted predictably.


Justin said softly, but clearly, “I’m going to kneel on the bed with my head on my arms and my ass up in the air, my knees spread, and you are going to eat my ass until I can’t take it anymore and start begging for your cock."

 

 

“Then you’re going to slip it in, stretch me, burn me, until you are as deep inside my body as you can go, because I love it that way, and no one is going to make me afraid of being taken from behind. You are going to grab my hips, and fuck me hard and deep and talk to me the whole time, to remind me that it’s you taking me, you, the man I love and no one else, until I come without even touching myself."

 

 

"Then you are going to lie on me, covering my body completely, and kiss my neck, and bite the spot on my shoulder that always feels so good and I will start getting hard again. And you’re going to fuck me the way you like it, deep and long, and jerk me off as you do it, until I come again and pulse around you, and you are going to shoot your come into that condom so hard it might break.”


Brian’s cock was so hard he could feel his heartbeat in it. He had never wanted to fuck Justin as much as he did at that moment, and god knows how much he had wanted to fuck him before.


Justin was asking to exorcise his demon. He had been attacked by a tall man who had got him on his belly with the intention of raping him and he had been afraid, but he did not want it to affect what he liked and did not like in bed.


He wanted to reenact the traumatic scene with the man he loved, changing fear to arousal, pain to pleasure. Brian never talked during sex, or rarely, to whisper arousing words in his ear. Justin wanted him to talk as he made love to him tonight, to reassure him with words. It would be difficult, but Brian would do anything to give him what he needed.


He did not really remember who paid for the cab, or how they got to the loft, but as soon as the door was closed, Justin started walking to the bedroom as he peeled off his clothes. Brian followed, taking his off as well, further aroused by Justin’s striptease. By the time he got to the bed, Justin was naked and took the exact position he had described. Rushing through his last garments, Brian was staring at Justin’s perfect ass, and at his pink asshole. As soon as he was nude, he gloved up and lubed, and fell on that ass as a man starved, spreading the cheeks, and suckling the hole.


He pushed his tongue just past the entrance, and circled around and around, relaxing that first ring of muscle and then held it open with his thumbs as he plunged deeper, loosening the muscular channel with the constant caresses of his tongue. The thumbs followed, spreading, massaging, as he pushed his tongue deeper and deeper into Justin’s ass. Justin's sweetness was everywhere in his mouth, his heady scent was driving him feral, and Justin’s incoherent begging told him it was time.


His long thumbs were holding Justin’s pink channel, with its many folds, open for him to see and plunder. He tilted his hips to line himself up without the help of his hands, and shoved in with a cry, pulling out his thumbs once he was buried in Justin to his balls. He grabbed Justin’s hips and started thrusting, hard, deep and fast. He felt as if his brain was empty of language, of thoughts, except for the overwhelming pleasure of taking Justin, but somewhere he knew he had to find words to tell Justin why nothing else mattered than the two of them, and their shared pleasure. His motions slowed, becoming long and languorous, his cock gliding in and out of that silken velvet that he had to push open again with every thrust.


“You… You are so beautiful. You are a gift… to me. Your smile… lights up my life. I love… the taste of your skin, the scent of your neck… the softness of your mouth… when we kiss. Your hair… your hair is like silk, sunlight, soft, soft and smells of sunshine, fresh air, your skin is silk, moonlight soft, I love touching you, you are heaven, your body, mine, perfection… so good Justin, so good, soft perfect love inside you, inside you love, come my love, yes, come my love…”


Justin’s muscles were contracting in that age old rhythm, “Brian, I love you… I love you.”


As he had requested, Brian covered his body with his own and keeping his thrusts slow and deep, he kissed and teased Justin’s neck and shoulders for a while, then reached for his semi hard cock, caressing it to full hardness. His hand was slick with lube, and slid easily back and forth over the thick ridge at the base on Justin's gorgeous cock head.


When Justin started keening in pleasure, he changed his thrust to the one he liked most, almost coming out of Justin and then pushing back in as deep as his cock could go. He matched the speed of his hand on Justin’s cock to that of his hips, angling himself to run over Justin’s prostate at each plunge.


Every inch of their bodies was in contact and he could smell the citrusy scent of Justin’s skin, the sun warmed scent of his hair, and the musk of Justin’s ass remaining on his lips. He licked the sweat of his neck, adding it to Justin’s sweetness still in his mouth. Justin's keening and purring filled his ears and he opened his eyes to see Justin’s white shoulders, and gorgeous wheaten hair, all his senses filled with Justin as his pleasure mounted, mounted until his balls were tightening, and his cock swelled and hardened for the last few thrusts before orgasm.


Justin’s body commenced trembling beneath him and knowing what it meant, Brian allowed his body to take over, his hips losing rhythm and his thrusts becoming fast and short and completion seeking. Justin’s muscles pulsed around him, adding to the amazing pleasure, and he came, jet after jet after jet of liquid bliss filling the condom, his mind an explosion of white as every cell in his body seemed to take its delight.


His entire dead weight was on Justin when enough sense returned to his brain for him to know it had to be too much, and holding the edge of the condom he rolled off to the side.

 

 

Justin lifted his head from between his arms for a second, to look at Brian with a completely blissed out smile. Then he dropped it back, as Justin chuckled.


“You follow instructions very well,” he said.


Brian rested on his side, his head on his hand. He bent down and kissed Justin’s tricep, and a new path opened in his mind, so easily it was a wonder it hadn’t done so before.


“I love you, Justin.” Brian chuckled, and repeated joyfully, “I love you.”


Justin lifted his head again, looking at him with a wonder filled smile. “I love you too, Brian, so much.”


He backed his body into Brian’s who put his arm around him to pull him even closer, and they fell instantly asleep.



To be continued...

 

 

Chapter 6 - Race to the finish. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Race to the finish



Justin was eating his bowl of Grapenuts in nonfat milk at the bar in the loft’s kitchen, thinking how much better 6:30 AM felt if you made love first thing in the morning and had someone else wash your back in the shower.


Brian had asked him to live here. He could have this every morning. He could have Brian’s warm body (smelling wonderfully of hints of that Decleor lotion he put on after his showers and of his own Brian salty burnt scent) next to his, Brian's possessive arm across Justin’s chest, or his leg slipped between Justin’s, or his hand holding on loosely to Justin’s wrist, every night.


He felt he had a fairly good handle on Brian ‘The Asshole’ ‘Rage’ ‘God’ Kinney, the brilliant ad exec. He had seen Brian the Club Boy in action, had watched Brian, Gus’s Dad, play with the boy, and Brian the friend interact with the Pittsburgh contingent in mysterious ways that told of a shared past Justin did not know. Brian, his sex partner, he understood best of all, and he had been for ten days learning about Brian, his lover.


But what he knew full well was that it was only the tip of the iceberg. He was vaguely aware, from glimpses he had seen, from comments he had heard, from stories he’d been told, of a man who drank like a fish, who used and abused controlled substances, who brooded in silence and wallowed in self disgust, who denied his homosexuality when around his parents, who fucked strangers relentlessly, who said and did hurtful things just because he could.


Brian lived in a showplace that revealed nothing about him except that he indulged his taste in expensive Italian furnishings and did not like clutter. There were no photographs, no visible bookshelves, no knick-knacks or mementos of any kind in sight. All the clothes in the closet were of this season’s collection from expansive designers. No old beloved sweatshirts here, worn out jeans or t-shirt collections from college days.


Behind the man dressed for success, who just now bent to kiss the back of his neck, offered him coffee with a gesture and, once turned down, poured a massive amount of sugar directly into the carafe and started to drink from it, there was a man he did not know at all, and to deny that this man existed, to ignore him or pretend he had disappeared forever was just plain stupid. What happened when he was faced with that unknown Brian? The belligerent drunk, the insensitive, stoned Brian? The Brian who would close him out, ignore him? The Brian who would come home smelling of sex with someone else? Who might strike out at him where it hurt the most because he could? The Brian who was so unattached, or pretended to be, that nothing in his living space reminded him of anyone, or anything?


So many questions. Justin was watching Brian speculatively when he walked to a closet full of linens and towel, and from the top shelf removed three packages wrapped expertly in Christmas paper. He brought them to the bar and sat them without comment in front of Justin.


“Christmas presents? For me?”


Brian shrugged, rolling in his lips, his entire expression telling Justin not to make a fuss, that it meant nothing.


“When did you buy these?” Justin asked, nonetheless.


“Same day as all the others” Brian replied, bending down, apparently needing to retie his shoe.


So. Several weeks ago. When Justin had only been a one night stand ‘on hold’, whom Brian emphatically did not have any attachment to, and whom he had no expectation or desire of seeing again after the night of the eighteenth of December, a whole week before Christmas…


Smiling, Justin tore open the first package.


Brushes. A full set of outrageously expensive, exquisite sable brushes that any student at Pratt would die for. He stared at them in wonder before putting them down reverently and opened the second one.


Beautiful supple leather gloves, lined with soft, soft wool. He slipped one on. Brian had gotten Mikey a pair of these. It felt like a second skin, and no doubt these were much warmer than his knitted ones.


He’d kept the biggest package for last and he tore into it excitedly. A gorgeous cashmere hoody, from Christian Dior, in a blue shade that would make his eyes stand out. He immediately stripped off the old grey one he was wearing, and put his new one on. It felt like heaven, even against the bare skin of his arms that usually revolted at the touch of any wool, be it of the finest merino lamb.


Brian was collecting the torn paper, balling it tight and putting it in the compactor. He put the empty coffee carafe and Justin’s bowl and spoon in the dishwasher.


He picked up the phone, called a cab, and after hanging up, finally looked at Justin.


“Ready? We should go down, the cab will be here any minute…”


“Brian?”


“What?”


“Can you come closer?” Justin was still sitting on the bar stool, which was tall enough that it compensated for their difference in height.


With a last look at the door, and, no doubt, an argument on his lips, Brian seemed to realize the futility of fighting Justin and came to stand in front of him.


Justin softly kissed his lips, his hand behind his neck, and kissed them again, for good measure.


“I know it sounds cliché, but I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. I painted “The face of God” the next day. You were so beautiful, and I was so scared of you, but I hoped so much that you would let me love you. Did you feel it, when you saw the painting? My yearning for you?” Brian looked taken aback, probably because he hadn’t known “The Face of God” was about him, but nodded. “I thought so. No one else does, Brian. Everyone else sees the beauty and feels the threat, but no one else feels my love for you in it. I cannot hide these things from you. I cannot hide from you at all.”


Brian’s eyes had been on his lips as he spoke, on the locks of hair on his forehead. Now he looked into his eyes, and Justin went on.


“You have been wanting to give me these ever since we came back, I think,” he said. “You were excited to see my reaction as I opened them, even though you ignored me the whole time, and you want to hear how much I like them, though you pretend not to care one way or the other.” Brian looked away. Justin touched his cheek until Brian was looking at him once more. “Please don’t hide from me, Brian. Let me see you. Let me love you.”


Brian rolled in his lips and closed his eyes for a few seconds. Then he opened them again, took a deep breath.


“That color looks as good on you as I’d hoped, Sunshine. It’s a hoody, just like you always wear… I got the gloves because I thought how hard it is to get cold fingers to move, how clumsy they are, and I want you to be able to paint without having to wait for them to thaw, and I don’t know anything about art supplies, but as expensive as these were, I thought for sure they must be good brushes, and I knew you could not afford them.”


Justin smiled at him gratefully. “I have drooled over brushes like these for years. They’re fantastic. I’m painting a portrait right now, that I’m really excited about, and I cannot wait to try them. The gloves are fabulous. I hate having cold hands and since I was bashed, my right hand aches in the cold and takes twice as long as the left one to warm up. But my favorite is this hoody. It’s so soft. The color is gorgeous, and I can feel how warm it is, though it’s so light. I didn’t even know they made hoodies like this. I might never take it off it feels so good on. I love my gifts, Brian. Thank you. I love that you chose them so carefully, and I love you.”


Brian smiled and kissed him, gently because Justin’s lip was tender, but it was an amazing kiss all the same. Brian’s phone vibrated between their bodies. The cab was here. They parted, and Justin came down from the tall stool. He grabbed his jacket and his new gloves, and they went downstairs.


In the cab, Brian held Justin in a warm embrace. They rode in silence for a while. Then, Brian whispered in his hair, hardly loud enough to be heard, “It’s not easy, Sunshine. I’ve given you the power to break me. A small part of me wants it back, wants to hurt you first, and so badly you’ll leave, just so I can feel safe again. The rest of me… the rest of me would rather die than lose you.”


Justin wondered how hard it would be, after a lifetime of being impervious, to suddenly feel vulnerable. There were so many ways Justin could hurt him, not only by his actions, but by just existing. He could have been raped in that damn elevator. He could betray Brian’s trust. He could walk away.


“Do you still want me to move in, Brian?”


“Yes.” No hesitation.


“There is so much about you I don’t know. What should I do, if I move in, when the Brian Kinney I don’t know comes knocking?”


“You deal with it, Sunshine. Why should I be only one taking a chance?” He kissed Justin’s hair.


“Then it’s all good, Brian. Because I left a message on Rory’s cell phone this morning before I had breakfast, telling him that if he wants it, his brother can have my bed permanently.”


Brian was quiet for a second, worrying him, and then, tightening his embrace, started laughing, and Justin joined him happily, though with a slight edge of hysteria. God. They were nuts. There was so much that could go wrong, so many things they should have discussed first.


“It will be all right, Justin,” said Brian, as if he could sense his misgivings. “Everything is going to be just fine.”


Justin wished they had more time to talk, but the cab pulled up in front of Plexus. There were about thirty hours left before they had to get the commercial to CBS if it was to take its allotted slot in the line up during the Rose Bowl’s half time break, and there was still so much to do. They smiled at each other, and went in.


They were amongst the first one there. Chris was about to start matching the music mix to the images already “in the can”, but before joining him, Justin went to Erica’s transformed makeup room to see Brandon’s ‘changing room’ set.


It was great, cliché all the way, including the Japanese screen with The Nutcracker’s costumes thrown over the top, the large bouquet of red roses, and the mostly obstructed mirror. Taped on, or wedged under the frame, were all the sketches Justin had made of Brandon dancing and of his Russian ballet teacher. His profile, the portrait where he looked amused, the drawing of him sitting on the couch laughing and the older sketch of him as the Club Boy had been framed and hung on the wall. It looked really cool.


There were Clearlife supplements, boxes opened, and a half bottle of Clearlife vitamin water with BRANDON written on it in indelible marker on the makeup table. It gave the impression that so many of the dancers used Clearlife products that they had to label the bottles with their names not to mix them up.


“Can you think of anything else?” asked Brian.


“No,” said Justin. “It looks good. His name on the bottle is a great touch.”


The way Brian smiled, Justin realized it had been his idea.


“I’m going to check out what Chris is doing,” said Justin. “Film editing is really cool.” They smiled at each other before he left.


Chris was busy, but had no problems doing a running commentary of everything he was doing and why, as he went about adding the music to the images they had selected the previous night. It was a tight mix of the trademark Clearlife theme, simple piano music, and Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker, not an easy thing to pull off. They had changed the tones and rhythm to give all three some coherence while still keeping their distinctive features. They were using a sped up, rhythm enhanced version of the Clearlife theme for the workout sequences. Justin started laughing.


“What?” said Chris.


“Sorry. I just now paid attention to the workout takes. Brandon’s workout Buddy is Brian Kinney.”


“Really?”


Chris replayed the run/ high five/ walk away sequence. “Yeah.” He chuckled. “I think you’re right. You never see his face though, so it’s hard to be sure.”


Justin did not need the face. He knew that body, definitely recognized that ass, as Brandon and Brian were filmed walking away.


“The lighting makes it look like he has a huge boner while he’s running,” said Chris, cracking up.


Justin smirked. Lighting, my ass. Brandon was laughing on the take, even though they were running all out. Justin wondered what they had been talking about that could have been both so arousing to Brian and so funny to Brandon.


Chris was still tying the music to that bit when Brandon and Jessica walked in. She stopped to talk to Erica, and Brandon came to look over their shoulders. Seeing the sequence with the music added, Brandon said, “This is really cool! Man, we really look as if we’ve been running for an hour, you know?” Chris got up to plug in the big screen now that people were arriving, so they could observe without crowding him.


Brandon took advantage of his departure to say in Justin’s ear, “And that boner is Brian thinking about the taste of your ass, Justin. That’s why I’m laughing. All it took was Erica mentioning that fake sweat didn’t smell. How he made the leap from fake sweat to eating your ass is anyone’s guess.” He chuckled and walked away, leaving behind a crimson-faced Justin.


Chris and he were still working when new footage starting arriving, sent through the ethernet by Spaz, in the makeup room. The amount of material was overwhelming to Justin. Only a few bits stuck in his mind.


There was a small take of Jessica, in full dance teacher regalia, saying: “Brrrandon is always a flirrrt. The firrrst time I meet him,” there, she looked away from the camera dreamily, shaking her head a little with a wistful smile, “it seems like only yesterrrday,” she looked back at the camera, “the firrrst thing he says to me: You cerrrtainly arrre a most beautiful woman. Can you believe it? What a flirrrt!”


Justin cracked up. The way she said it, it sounded as if Brandon must have been thirteen or fourteen at the time, when indeed it was only yesterday. She was amazing.


Then footage of Brandon, in his Nutcracker costume, the makeup had run a little bit, as if he just came off the performance. “My mother danced in the Chicago ballet. It’s in my blood. It is what I always wanted to do. I’ve been dancing in Pittsburgh for three years. I love it. I am one of a lucky few; I am living my dream. If I take care of myself, I can continue to do so for years to come.” He had made a subtle gesture toward the makeup table, cuing the shot of the supplements.


In the next shot that stayed with Justin, his makeup was removed, and he was taking off his costume top, as if completely unaware of being filmed during some casual conversation, his perfect torso casually displayed. “It’s the quest for perfection that keeps dancers going. It can always be higher, better, more graceful. You never stop trying.”


The last shot that came through was of him leaving the room, looking Brandon-hot in tight jeans and a leather jacket, grabbing the vitamin water bottle on his way out.


Chris went to work scraping almost ten seconds off of yesterday’s ‘Finalized’ version when he realized how well the ‘quest for perfection’ bit matched the footage of the practice session, with Jessica saying, “Nonononono, Brandon!” and then her smiling at the next Jete, colorized, matched then to the colorized jete on stage. “You never stop trying” was inserted behind the fouette en tournant and its constant changes from practice to stage to practice to stage, the continuous color changes suggesting different days, and constant striving for improvement.


Justin was blown away. Chris was amazing, remembering dozens of sequences, and picking the exact one to best match what his vision was. Adam arrived, looked at what he was doing and laughed. “That’s exactly what I was coming to tell you to do.”


Brian came up and sat down with them, making suggestions that would further plug in the product, which was after all the goal of the whole thing. Jessica and Brandon had come up with him. She had returned to the spot she’d occupied the night before, but Brandon was standing, staring out the window looking down on Madison Avenue, seeming a bit unhappy. Justin got up and went to stand next to him, wondering what had caused his change in mood.


“Hey! The interview is really good, Brandon. They are re-cutting almost the whole thing to fit your words.”


“That’s great,” Brandon said, looking at him with a forced smile, his eyes full of pain.


“Brandon, what’s up?” asked Justin, concerned.


“Nothing… Everything… Fuck. Can we take a walk?”


“Sure. Let’s go down to the lobby.”


They walked to the elevators, Brandon looking dejected. On the way down, he hid his face in his hands for a moment, then rubbed it up and down with his palms before combing his hair back with his fingers, taking a deep breath and giving Justin a weak smile.


In the lobby, they went to sit on one of the couches in a sitting area, which was almost never used.


“I tried to call Daphne,” said Brandon, “but she’s not answering.” He looked at Justin. “And talking to you… God, can I talk to you, Justin? Even if it makes you uncomfortable for a minute, even though I said I wouldn’t hint at how I feel about you anymore?”


“Will it help?”


“Yeah. I think so.”


“Go for it.”


“I like Brian. He is a great guy. I think he and I are becoming friends. I can totally see what you see in him, aside from the obvious, and I was fine with it, really fine, until…”


“Until?”


“God, Justin. Now I’m so fucking jealous of him. After the interview… Fuck. You fucked him, didn’t you. Last night, maybe even this morning? You fucked him. When he was getting up from the chair after the interview, he flinched and then smiled to himself. He flinched because his ass is hurting. Because you fucked him. He’s just like me, isn’t he? Mr. Brutal Top who never, ever bottoms, but cannot get enough of your cock up his ass.”


It was true. That morning, before the alarm went off, Brian, who had been spooning him, had whispered in ear, “Wake up, Justin. Wake up and fuck me.” Nibbling on his neck and shoulders he had lightly stroked Justin’s morning erection before unrolling a condom on it. Justin had smiled and had suddenly felt very wide-awake.


He had rolled into Brian’s hold to face him and kiss him, reminded by a twinge not to overdo the kissing, that his lip was still healing. Kneeling between Brian’s knees, smiling at him, he had taken his time preparing him, pleasing him along the way by caressing his prostate, rolling his balls, and bending down to suck on the tip of his cock.


Justin had slicked the condom with lube and added some at Brian's entrance. Putting Brian's ankles on his shoulders, he had pushed himself inside his tight warm hole slowly, gently, caressing Brian’s thighs encouragingly, running a loving hand on his perfect stomach, telling him, “You look so hot, Brian… you feel so fucking good… your ass is so tight… feels so warm… God, your ass was made for my cock.” Brian had let out the most arousing moan as Justin had gone as deep as he could go, and had started moving.


He loved the feeling of Brian’s hole as it squeezed the head of his cock when he came almost all the way out and then pushed back in fast and deep. He had fucked him long and hard, their fingers interlaced, looking at each other, Brian’s cock twitching and leaking on his belly, the ridge of Justin’s large cock head caressing Brian’s prostate with every stroke, until Brian had said, his voice beautifully deep in his arousal, “Justin, Justin, here I come…” and he had, completely untouched, just from Justin’s cock in his ass. The thought of it had been too much, and Justin, pushing his cock all the way in one last time, had come with a guttural cry.


Brandon was pinching the bridge of his nose. “I don’t mind that he fucks you. I mean I don’t dwell on it, obviously, but I don’t mind. But that you fuck him… Justin, I want you to be fucking me, not him. You were so… loving when you fucked me, so gentle. I can still feel your hands caressing my back, your lips kissing my spine as you pushed inside. And when you moved, it was so fucking good, so, so good, after hating it so much when I was a kid.


“I actually thought that maybe, now that I was older, I’d acquired a taste for it. I took this guy home, Marvin. He is a top, older, experienced, and I told him, ‘Take it slow, be sweet, make it good’. And he did take it slow and he was sweet and patient and warm and I fucking hated it, just like when I was younger.”


He got up and paced back and forth a couple of time.


“And then your drawings, Justin. All those drawing you did of me. You make me look so beautiful. I can tell how much you fucking care about me, I can see it in those drawings, and if it weren’t for Brian Fucking Kinney, you might even... But he walks in the room, like he did just now, and though there were fifty people coming in and out that door, you know it’s him. And you turn around, and your eyes meet and you glow, like somebody just lit a candle inside of you. And I’m so fucking jealous…”


Brandon looked at Justin, with so much love and sorrow it took Justin’s breath away. He sat down again, pressing the heels of his hands to his eyes. Justin got up and knelt in front of him, taking him in his arms. Brandon hugged him back, tightly, as Justin’s hand made slow circles between Brandon’s shoulder blades. And that’s how Brian found them, when he came looking for Brandon who was needed for a voice over.


He stopped in his tracks and took in the scene, his jaw tight. Then Justin caught his eye and stared at him, not moving, until he was sure Brian understood exactly what was going on. Brian walked over and after a second of hesitation, he squeezed Brandon’s shoulder. Brandon looked up, horrified, and got to his feet immediately. He started apologizing.


“I’m sorry Brian, it’s my fault, it’s not how it looks…”


“Oh,” Brian said, interrupting. “So Justin wasn’t comforting you because you are upset about something?” He raised his eyebrows. “What was it, then?”


Brandon just looked at him and after a few seconds, started laughing. He ran his hand through his long blond hair, and said, “Ok, then. It’s exactly how it looks.”


“Don’t be an ass, Brandon. I know Justin is your friend. He cares about you.” Brian smirked. “But he‘s a little touchy feely, isn’t he? Tell him your woes and next thing you know, he gets all huggy on your ass… If you want a little more manly restraint in your listener’s response, I’m available. And I can promise you, you’ll get no fucking hugs from me…“


Brandon was chuckling, looking relieved, and Justin thought Brandon was realizing he still liked Brian a lot.


“Now, both of you are needed upstairs for work. You know, that pesky obligation for which we get paid a huge chunk of cash?”


“Speak for Brandon and yourself,” complained Justin. “Mine is more in the realm of smallish chunk of cash."


“Interesting,” said Brian. “I’d not realized they calibrated the size of our checks to the size of our dicks.”


Brandon burst out laughing.


“Pay back will be forthcoming for that cheap shot, Mr. Kinney, sir. And, I may add, it will be painful,” promised Justin.


*****

Steve had Brandon repeat, “You never stop trying,” what seemed like a hundred times, in different intonations, until he got exactly what he wanted. He and Chris sat together and worked, Chris’s fingers flying on the keyboard.


Steve got a “five, six, seven-eight…” out of Jessica, coached by Brandon to get the right rhythm, and changed it’s speed until it matched the images perfectly.


They broke for lunch for an hour. Brian and Justin took a cab to the Police station, Brian scribbling something on a legal pad the whole way. Officer Hamill was there, and gave Justin his deposition to read and sign, and was very impressed when Brian dictated his extremely detailed testimony from what he’d written in the cab.


Phil would be charged with drunk and disorderly, illegal entry, aggravated assault (the simple assault becoming aggravated because of its homophobic motivation), attempted rape, reckless endangerment (for blocking the means of egress of the people present at Plexus at the time), assault (on Dwayne), and, really scraping the bottom of the barrel, behavior unbecoming an officer of the court (since he was, after all, an attorney). The district attorney expected he would get three to five years, and would push to lock in the maximum.


In the cab on the way back, Brian asked Justin how he felt about it. Justin answered honestly, “I don’t care all that much. I put him in the hospital. I’d be fine with that, if they could guarantee I never saw him again… But I guess it’s a nice step up from five hundred hours of community service for trying to kill me and fucking up my right hand for life…”


Brian was holding him, and kissing his temple. Justin took a deep breath, and let it out, and with it any concern about the entire episode. He had a life to live.


The lunch break seemed to have gotten everyone’s creative juices flowing. They decided the piano music was a distraction, and removed the shot of the grade school teacher-looking extra playing it, gaining a second and a half. Instead, they added what sounded like an old fashioned tape recording of The Nutcracker with clicks to denote when ‘play’ was pressed, giving the impression Jessica was turning it on and off. That way they only had two different tunes to mesh together, and it sounded a lot better.


There were about twelve people sitting in the room now, following the progress on the big screen. Some of them, like Erica, Spaz, or Justin really didn’t have much reason to be there, but it had been a team effort, and they all wanted to see it through. Time seemed to skip forward every time Justin looked at the clock. Only twenty-six hours left when the feed had started coming in from the makeup room, only twenty-two hours left when they scrapped the ten seconds, only nineteen hours when they removed the piano…


He was drawing random images on the sketchpad on his lap, and his mind would wander a bit, but the sound engineer, the editor, the director and Brian were intently focused. There were debates about shots, when Justin had thought the choices that had been made were immutable, but Brian did not want more than four seconds to go by without some reminder of the product either through the sound, or through the images.


They added flashes, so quick that one hardly noticed them but that apparently the brain registered, of Brandon drinking the Energy drink, of the open boxes of supplements, of the vitamin water at the foot of the workout machine.


They cut down the last ballet sequence, originally of seven seconds, first to five, then to four seconds, Brandon making them rethink their choice to a different four seconds that was more action packed than the four seconds they had left, cut from the original seven they had chosen.


During that sequence, at Justin’s suggestion, they ended up colorizing his costume the turquoise of the Clearlife logo and containers, another subtle reminder of the product. Brian smiled at him. Almost hidden in the sound tract was Jessica’s comment “He is… Poetrrry in Motion…”


It was amazing how much attention was paid to the smallest detail. They had Jessica back in costume, because they loved the graceful hand movements complementing her Flirt speech, but didn’t want her diamond ring in it. Instead, they borrowed rings from Erica, and one from Spaz, and a couple of bracelets, and reshot just her hand, moving up in the air, a ring on each finger, the bracelets clinking together. They added the rings digitally to the only other shot of her, during practice, that showed that same hand.


They digitally darkened Brian’s hair a couple of shades, and lightened Brandon just a bit during the workout scenes, increasing the contrast between them.


Finally, weirdest of all, they asked Brandon if he was ticklish (his ribs were) and had Erica, who volunteered loudly and excitedly, tickle him while they filmed a close up of his laughing face, and taped his laughter. They spliced a quarter of a second of his real face while he laughed, with the expression that best matched Justin’s drawing, inside the second where they showed the framed picture of him laughing, sitting on the couch. The digitalized sound of his laughter, hardly loud enough to be noticed was added in the background of the whole second, as well as in several other places: Jessica’s flirt speech, the running scene, and the final view of him leaving his changing room. Each second of sound had several layers, each sequence of images had two foci, one of them a Clearlife product. It was truly fascinating to witness.


When the two-minute commercial was finished, with thirteen hours to go, they played and replayed it about twelve times before calling it good. It was 11:00PM. The day had just flown by, and everybody was still there.


A break was declared, and a few people actually left for home, including Jessica. Brandon went to the lobby with Erica to accompany her, but would be returning, just as fascinated as Justin by the whole process.


The technical team would not stop until the thirty-second commercial was finalized as well. Thirteen hours was plenty of time, but none of them felt they could sleep comfortably knowing the noon CBS deadline was non-negotiable.


Justin and Brian were getting water bottles from the buffet that had once again been set up at the back of the room, when Justin became aware of Brian’s arousal, through nothing more than his eyes, as they commented on the complex process of finalizing the project.


Justin said, casually, “I am going to walk up the stairs one floor now, and go to your office. I’m going to remove my pants and underwear and bend over the back of your couch,” and he just left.


He ran up the stairs, getting hard in anticipation, and once in Brian’s office, did just what he’d said, deciding at the last minute to keep his socks on before bending down and fingering himself with lube.


When the door slammed shut and the lock went on, he looked over his shoulder at Brian, who had stopped, apparently hypnotized by the sight of Justin’s finger sliding in and out of his ass.


“Fuck, Justin… You look so hot.”


Justin smiled at him. His lip was much better, there was not even a twinge. In three steps, Brian was behind him, taking down his pants. He rolled on a condom and lubed it, still mesmerized by the motion of Justin’s finger.


He looked at Justin. “I am going to fuck you hard,” he warned.


Justin’s cock jumped in approval. “Yes, please,” said Justin. He stopped fingering himself and concentrated on relaxing for Brian cock. Brian was massaging Justin's cheeks, then running the head of his cock up and down his crack.


“Ready?” he asked.


“For you, always,” said Justin, meaning it.


The head of Brian’s cock breached him, and slid in, slowly but relentlessly, filling him, stretching him. God, it was so good. When he was in all the way, one of his hands grabbed Justin’s left hip, and the other came to rest at the base of his neck, on his right shoulder.


Justin tightened around him and Brian growled as he started to move, fast, deep and hard. Justin took his cock in his slicked hand and let the force of Brian’s thrusts move his cock inside his fist. This was the hardest he’s ever been fucked, and he started seeing stars each time Brian’s cock stroked his prostate. Brian’s grunts, the sound of his hips slapping against Justin’s ass, Justin’s own involuntary cries were incredibly arousing. He could feel Brian’s balls bouncing against him, Brian’s fingers pressing into his flesh, the ridges of his own fingers along his cock, Brian's thick cock stretching him, and he felt the room spin around him it was so good. His whole body was shaking, overwhelmed, having apparently forgotten how to conclude the pleasure attack on his senses, teetering at the edge, removing all coherent thought. It wasn’t until Brian stilled, deep inside him, his cock pulsing that Justin’s orgasm hit him like a shock wave, his come hitting the leather of the couch so hard it sounded like handfuls of pebbles.


He rested his cheek on the couch, and Brian collapsed on top of him, breathing hard in the crook of his neck, his heart beat and Justin’s both resonating in Justin’s ribcage.


“God, Justin… I love fucking you. I love it.” Then Brian laughed. “I can’t move.”


Justin laughed too. “I can’t move either. And not just because you’re on top of me… I can hardly blink…”


They both laughed again. Finally, Brian pushed himself up, and Justin took a deep breath, his chest no longer crushed. He pushed himself up too, Brian’s arms coming around him and holding him, kissing behind his ear.


“I loved the socks,” he said.


Justin turned in his arms and said with a smile, “My lip is better,” and the kiss was heaven. Finally, Justin backed up a little and said, “Go back. I’ll stay a while longer.”


Smiling at him the whole time, Brian put himself back together. “Later,” he said.


“Later,” agreed Justin.


After Brian left, he put his underwear, pants and boots back on and went into Brian’s private bathroom to get a washcloth and clean the back of the couch.


While he was erasing the evidence, his phone gave a short vibration, signaling a message. He wondered who could have called this late at night. After throwing the washcloth in the small laundry bin, he checked his phone. The call had come at 11:17PM, from Todd. Wow. It seemed a lifetime ago since he’d given Todd his number, though it was only a couple of weeks.


He decided to return the call, but first took the elevator back to the lobby. Taylor had no excuse whatsoever for loitering in Mr. Kinney’s office.


Todd answered after a couple of rings.


“Hey! Justin! Thanks for calling back.”


“Todd. What’s up?”


“I’m bored. I’m babysitting again. I thought since you were on vacation, maybe you’d be up. You’re still in Pittsburgh, right?”


“No. Actually, I’m in New York. I got a permanent position in the firm where I was interning, and there’s been kind of an emergency, so I came back and we’ve been working a lot. I’m calling you from there, actually. We're taking a break.”


Justin was pretty sure the break was over, but it didn’t really matter, he was not really needed.


“Are you going to be here for New Year's? Do you want to go to Essengy?”


“Uh… Todd. I’m dating someone.”


“You are? Oh. Wow. That was…quick.”


“It’s kind of a long story. He’s from Pittsburgh as well. And he’s my boss. Shit. That sounds bad. We couldn’t date before, because he was my boss, but then we met up in Pittsburgh, after my internship was over, totally by chance, and well… They wanted me back at work, but we didn’t think I could work here because of the no-fraternization thing that had kept us from going out in the first place, but apparently it doesn’t apply to pre-existing relationships, so they hired me back, and… well, we’re together now.”


“OK.”


“Sorry. Too much information?”


“No. I’m just a little…bummed, I guess. I thought we hit it off.”


“We did, but…”


“Yeah. Anyway. So…”


“Todd? Listen. Brian and I are going to Essengy for New Year's. We have this friend here with us, also from Pittsburgh, and he really wants to go, so all three of us are going. I didn’t mention it before, because it’s another long boring story, but I have a lifetime membership there, which is why I can afford to go so often. It includes a guest. Brian has a VIP membership, and can bring a guest too. You could come with us. New Year's is what? $150.00? Save yourself some money.”


“It’s $200.00, actually. I would have only sprung it because I knew you liked it there, otherwise I wouldn’t spend that kind of cash.”


“Well? Do you want to come?”


“Are you trying to set me up with your friend or something?”


“No, no, I swear. Believe me: He doesn’t need any setting up, he can take care of himself. I just thought, I mean, we’re going, right? You could come along. You don’t even have to stick with us once we get there, though it’d be really nice to see you again. What do you say?”


“What the hell. Why not? I don’t have any other plans. And I’m curious about that boss of yours.” He laughed. “My boss is like, sixty and bald. That’s who I pictured you with when you said you’re dating your boss. Please tell me I’m wrong.”


“Brian’s fifty-seven with a comb-over…” Justin couldn’t keep it up. He had to laugh. “No. He’s gorgeous, thirty something, and I’m so in love with him, it’s ridiculous.”


“Phew!” Todd cracked up. “You scared me for a second. Where do we meet?”


“How about I call you back with the details. We don’t have a plan yet.”


“OK.”


“Hey, sorry to abandon you to your babysitting, but I got to go back and check if I’m needed. I’ll talk to you soon, OK?”


“Yeah. Bye, Justin.”


Justin rode the elevator back up to the Art Department, smiling to himself. Todd was nice. It was good to be able to save him some money. Fifty-seven with a comb-over. He laughed to himself.


In the Art Department, everyone was back at work. Brandon was at the buffet, eating grapes. Justin joined him.


“What are you smiling about?” asked Brandon.


“I spent the break talking to my friend Todd.” A white lie, but the last thing Brandon needed was to think about Brian and him together. This was a good explanation for his absence.


“Yeah?”


“He is a true New Yorker. His whole family is in the Bronx. Get this: He has never been out of New York state… He’s babysitting his nieces, so he’s up and bored. Anyway, he’s saving his money to buy a place, and he was planning on going to Essengy for New Year’s, so I told him we were going, and offered to take him for free as my guest. You’ll be going as Brian’s. He has a VIP membership. Todd made me laugh. When I told him I was going out with my boss, he pictured his sixty year old bald boss. So I told him Brian was fifty-seven with a comb-over.”


Brandon cracked up. “Oh, Brian would love that! Did you tell him the truth?”


“Yes, I did. I couldn’t stay serious. It'll be nice to see him. He really likes dancing. He has this hip swivel thing going that’s sexy as hell.”


“Oh, yeah? Is he hot?”


“Yes, he is. I mean he’s like, normal human hot. Not God like hot, like you and Brian.”


“God like hot?” Brandon laughed.


“As if you didn’t know…” said Justin, grinning. “Todd is probably six foot tall, with a really nice body. He works with paraplegics. He does a lot of lifting them in and out of bed, out of chairs and stuff. He has a nice smile, with really nice teeth, really white, and short dark hair, curly. Well, at least you can tell that if it ever got long it would be all curly, you know what I mean? And he looks tanned. But I think that’s just his normal skin color. I forget what you call it.”


“Olive,” supplied Brandon.


“Which is why I forget, because it makes no sense whatsoever. Olives are green, or black. He is neither. He’s tanned.”


Brandon chuckled. “What does he do with paraplegics?”


“He's a physical therapist. I think he helps them get the maximum out of whatever movement they have left, helps them adjust when they first get hurt.”


“That must be intense.”


“I think so. It’s probably half physical therapy, half psychology.”


Their attention went back to the screen. There was an intense discussion about what to cut and what to keep between Adam and Brian.


“You guys have got to decide. We can’t keep both as they are and we can’t cut them any shorter, neither would make any sense,” insisted Chris.


Brian wanted to keep “If I take care of myself” with Brandon’s gesture towards the table, and “I can continue to do so for years to come” with the camera on the supplements. Adam was defending “You never stop trying” with the Fouette en tournant, saying that it was gorgeous, and though it didn’t plug the product, it would stay in people’s minds and increase their retention of the whole commercial’s message.


Justin hated to admit it, but he agreed with Adam. He knew that in the end, it was Brian’s decision, but so far, Brian had not pulled that card, just trying to convince Adam, which showed how much he respected the man. Brian turned to Sam.


“Sam? What do you think?”


“It’s a toss up.”


“Spaz?”


“The fouette is great, but for product plug, it doesn’t get better than that ‘If I take care of myself’ bit.” He shrugged.


“Phil?”


“It’s the longest shot on the product. Very good plug.”


“Chris?”


“Don’t ask me, man. I just cut and paste.”


“Bullshit. What do you think?”


“The fouette.”


“Steve?”


“Both are excellent sound bites. From my point of view, it doesn’t matter.”


“Taylor?”


Fuck. “I agree with Adam. Visually, the fouette will stay in people’s mind. Following as it is the image of Brandon and his workout buddy with their Clearlife towels and their Clearlife drinks, and just before the shot of Brandon grabbing his Clearlife bottle as he leaves, the dance sequence is kind of a nice break actually, so people don’t feel you’re shoving Clearlife down their throat, and it will spark their imagination.”


Brian sighed. “OK, fine. The majority wins. We keep the fouette.”


Adam couldn’t hide his satisfaction. “Yes!” he said, emphasizing the word with his fist.


Brian laughed. “If you felt that strongly about it, you should have just said something,” he joked.


Adam let out a bark of laughter, considering they had been arguing vehemently about it for over ten minutes. “Oh, OK. Next time I’ll make sure to express my opinion.”


It was late, and everyone had been expecting ‘The Asshole’ to pull rank very soon, so there was general laughter at the relief of tension.


“Do you think he’s pissed at you for not supporting him?” asked Brandon, curious.


“I hope not. I think he was genuinely asking my opinion. I gave it.” Justin smirked. “If he just wants me to kiss his ass, he should wait until we get home.”


Brandon burst out laughing, and a couple of people turned around. Once he calmed down, he said, “Thanks, Justin.”


“What for?”


Brandon shrugged. “For not walking on eggshells around me after earlier. I appreciate it.”


Justin smiled at him and then yawned an enormous yawn, making Brandon laugh again. It was almost one. Eleven hours to go, twelve seconds of the commercial to lock in. He was tired and wanted to go home.


“Brandon? Are you going to stick around till the bitter end?”


“Yeah. It’s fascinating, and I’ll probably never get to be part of something like that again.”


“I’m going to go. I'm really tired. See you tomorrow.”


“See you, Justin. Good night.”


Justin walked toward the elevators and once out of sight, called Brian’s cell.


“Kinney.”


“Hey. I’m bushed. Do you have any major objection to my heading home?”


“None.”


“You’re not pissed that I gave my opinion, right? I figured if you asked, you wanted to know.”


“Absolutely”


“Thought so. How much longer do you think it will take?


“Two or three hours.”


“You are an amazing fuck. I had a totally mind blowing orgasm earlier. I love the feel of your cock inside me. I could feel you pulse in my heat when you came.”


“…”


“It was so good, I’m getting hard just thinking about it. I’m taking out my cock right now and playing with myself. Hmmm. I know how much you like watching when I jerk off. The head of my cock is moving in and out of my slick fist. It feels gooood. Not as good as when I’m in your ass though. When the head of my cock runs over your sweet spot again and again…”


“This…” Brian cleared his throat. His voice had sounded a little funny. “This is regarding my mention of the firm’s pay scale, isn’t it?”


“Oh, yeah.”


“Well done.”


“Thank you. See you at home.”


Justin closed his phone, chuckling.

*****



It felt as if he had been asleep for hours when Brian’s body molded itself against his, and Brian kissed his neck.


“Done?” he asked sleepily.


“All done.”


“zit ‘ny good?”


“It’s great. Better than Raines.”


“Good” and Justin was asleep again.



To be continued...

 

Chapter 7 - Let's celebrate! by Conzieu

 

 

 

Let's celebrate!


Brian woke up in bed alone, the smell of coffee wafting through the loft. A completely naked Justin entered the bedroom, dick half mast, a cup of coffee in his hand. Brian looked at the clock. It was almost a quarter of nine. He had not put on the alarm last night because he didn’t need to be at work till ten. Justin sat next to him on the bed, and handed him the coffee. Brian sat halfway up, and took a sip. The coffee tasted great, strong enough you could almost stand a spoon in it, and very, very sweet.


“Good morning,” Justin said, giving him a kiss on the head.


Brian’s heart soared. Justin was moving in. He would get to look at that delicious lithe body every morning, to sleep with him every night and to fuck him constantly. Justin was giving him an impish smile, and leaned his back on the headboard. He deliberately squirted lube in his right hand and started jerking off.


Brian’s cock was immediately tenting the sheet, but he continued drinking his coffee, watching Justin working his cock just as he had described on the phone the night before, driving Brian crazy.


The large pink head would peek out of his fist, and Justin would squeeze it on the return, forcing the edge up. He teased his slit with his thumb, his motions making the most arousing wet noises. Justin was completely uninhibited, moaning in pleasure, using his other hand to squeeze his balls or play with his asshole, inserting just one knuckle and making little mewling sounds, tweaking his nipples, running his hand up and down his chest, his pink tongue darting out of his mouth. He started panting, eyes closed, his hips lifting off the bed, saying, “Fuck, fuck, Brian, fuck,” as he fingered himself with two fingers, deeper, hitting his prostate, obviously playing a fantasy in his mind.


Brian put down his empty cup, quickly rolled on a condom and slicked himself and his right hand. He moved between Justin’s bent legs, pulled Justin’s fingers out of his ass and pushed in, Justin silky velvet channel surprising him yet again with its tightness and it’s warmth. Justin gasped, and opening his eyes said, “Yesss, fuck yes…”


Brian batted Justin’s hand away from his cock, and captured both his wrists in his left hand, immobilizing them on Justin’s chest. He grasped Justin’s twitching cock in his right hand, and took over pleasuring it.


Soon, Justin’s entire body was glistening with sweat, his face and shoulders pink with arousal, his eyes glazed, as Brian fucked him and jerked him, stopping all motion a few times to keep him from coming. Justin’s voice was shaking as he pleaded, “Brian, Brian, fuck me, make me come, fuck me…” moving his hips off the bed to fuck himself on Brian’s cock, and push his cock through Brian’s fist.


Brian was out of his mind with lust, overcome with his desire for the man writhing beneath him, the pleasure in his cock echoed by that of his slick hand working, squeezing that amazing cock head. “Mine,” he growled, “your ass, mine, your hole, mine, your cock, mine, mine, you’re mine, Justin, mine…”


Justin cried out, arching off the bed, his spunk hitting his face, his neck, his chest, the come glistening on his luminous skin. Brian let go of his cock and of his wrists, lifting Justin’s ass of the bed to line him up perfectly with his cock, and pumped into him, quick even jabs, his eyes locked with Justin’s.


“You are mine, Sunshine, mine,” and he arched back, coming hard into the condom, wishing he was painting Justin’s inner walls with his come, to mark him, to leave some of himself behind, as proof of his possession.


He lay on top of Justin, holding his weight on his elbows, licking the come off Justin's face and neck, taking his lips in a powerful kiss that had Justin purring.


“You drive me insane, Justin. The more I fuck you, the more I want you.”


Justin smiled at him, his Sunshine smile. “And since I pretty much want your cock up my ass twenty-four seven, it works out rather well…”


Brian felt a little embarrassed at how possessive he had sounded, how possessive he felt when they made love. “I didn’t mean to be so… domineering. Well I did but I don’t, OK? Your ass is yours, Justin. I’m pretty clear on that when I’m not fucking it.”


“My ass is mine, my cock is mine, but my whole body is in love with yours, has been from the start. When we make love, I want to belong to you, body and soul.” He blushed crimson and looked away. “I… I love it when you claim me. It turns me on so much.”


Brian kissed him. That yielding mouth, that willing body, that beautiful, kind, gifted, brilliant man, in love with him. He looked in Justin’s eyes, brushing his sweaty hair away from his face. “I love you, Justin. I love you.” It was still a terrifying thing to say, but Justin’s smile was worth it. That man-boy loved him too, fiercely.


He looked at the clock. “Shit Sunshine. I’ve got to jet. I have a meeting with the Clearlife brass in forty-five minutes. You coming?”

 

 

“Definitely.”

 

*****



They got to Plexus with ten minutes to spare, partly because traffic was so light. The large screen was set up in the conference room. Brian was in Armani, looking as if he just stepped out of the pages of Esquire, never mind that he had gotten from naked and covered in spunk to this look in fifteen minutes…He felt loose and happy, thanks to his morning’s activities, but also gratified and stoked. He had convinced the Clearlife people, on bullshit and charm alone, to take a huge chance, putting his reputation on the line, trusting in the full support of his team. Now he was going to blow their socks off.


Brandon arrived, in a black turtleneck and black corduroy pants, looking artistic and, well, gorgeous as only he could, his blond hair in a ponytail, his light blue eyes smiling. Brian grinned at him. He really did like the man. Once he had committed to this job, out of the blue, and on super short notice, he had given it one hundred percent, being a true pleasure to work with, treating everyone with respect, showing a great deal of self deprecating humor.


Sam wore his best suit, looking tired, but pleased. As head of the Art Department, he got a lot of credit for the loyalty of his people. A lot of them had been called back from their well-earned vacation and family time. That they had all showed up and worked like dogs was to his credit.

 

 

Everybody else would be waiting for the results of the conference downstairs, including Jessica Hammon, at the insistence of the entire team.


The Clearlife people arrived right on time, tense and worried. The CEO, Greg Panitch, was an old hippy, now at the head of a rapidly growing company providing quality nutritional supplements and vitamins. The only trace of his wayward youth was a rather skimpy ponytail, and a glass bead necklace. Though tieless, he did wear a rather nice suit. His representative reminded Brian of KD Lang. Her name was Karen Spitz. She was bright, and tough as nails. Though he had met a few of the others, he’d only dealt with Greg and Karen.


He did note a new face, a serious young man with ATTORNEY written all over him. They were obviously prepared for the worst. They had had time to reconsider their decision away from Brian’s influence and had been wondering if they hadn’t make a huge mistake not calling the whole thing off.


Brian, projecting his usual absolute confidence, welcomed them and introduced the star of their new commercial. Meeting Brandon helped right away. He was so good looking, so charming. He was very hard to resist.


Brian, expecting their anxiety, had figured the sooner they showed the commercial the better. He’d asked Chris to send the feed after eight minutes. With forty-five seconds left, Brian said, smiling, “I am sure you are all anxious to see what we have been working nonstop for three days producing. The entire Plexus team has taken up the challenge, and I will let the results speak for themselves. It has reminded me how lucky we are, here at Plexus, to have such incredibly talented and dedicated people working for us.”


He sat down, crossing his legs (he had his usual positive stress induced hard on), a smile on his lips, the very image of cool and carefree self-assurance. He did not have to work too hard to achieve it. The commercial was brilliant. As if answering his will, it started on the screen.


The slogan had been changed from “Let your dream come alive” which had been Karen’s contribution to “Live your dream”. The music, outside of the established Clearlife tune, had changed from a cool hip-hop medley to Tchaikovsky. The theme, from the incredibly popular sport of figure skating, to the rarified world of ballet. That all sounded bad, until you saw the results.


The commercial played four times in a row, to give the people in the room a chance to catch most aspects of it. Brian knew he had them when after the last run there was a few seconds of silence, and Greg said, his voice full of contained excitement, “Let’s watch it again.” Brian could relate. He had seen it and the two minute version a hundred times and had yet to get sick of it. He dialed the Art Department, and just said, “Resend the feed.”


The commercial played another four times. Afterward, the Clearlife people started excitedly talking all at once, like kids leaving a Disney movie, about this scene, that shot, that joke, the colors, the dance teacher, with adjectives like gorgeous, amazing, magical, terrific... Brian let it go on for a few minutes, and then addressed the CEO. “We need your final approval before we courier it to CBS. It is due in…” He checked the wall clock, “Ninety-eight minutes. I think we should make sure it gets there in plenty of time, don’t you agree?”


Greg laughed. “Hell, yeah!” He was thrilled. “You guys did an amazing job. It’s even better than Raines. Where do I sign?”


Brian passed him three legal size pages, covered in tight print, with those annoying, but oh so useful little post-it arrows that said, “Sign Here,” pointing to all the right places.


Greg did not pretend to read any of it, and signed, despite the little dry cough suddenly afflicting his attorney. As soon as he was finished, Brian called Chris again, and just said: “It’s a go.” He could hear some loud cheering as he hung up the phone.


He had four minutes before Chris sent in the feed for the two-minute spot. His hard on was back in a vengeance. If he did his job right, Plexus was set to make a great deal of money.


“Considering the hours and the effort that went into making this commercial in the less than ideal conditions we had to work with, I am, as I am sure the rest of our team is, gratified that you are so enthusiastic about the results."


“Thanks to Brandon’s amazing presence on camera, and the incredibly gifted support cast, we actually ended up with enough excellent footage to produce at least an hour PBS special…”


He let the laughter die down. “It occurred to our creative manager, Sam Rosen here, that it would be a shame to let so much fabulous footage go to waste, and die unseen on the cutting room floor. We therefore took the liberty to create a two minutes commercial spot, that could be aired in the much less expensive market of normal daily TV viewing. Played instead of the thirty second spot, it would take advantage of the public’s infatuation with Brandon and all things ballet, which we are sure will follow the three viewings of the Clearlife commercial during, and right after the Rose Bowl. Here it is.”


He sat back down, once again with perfect timing. He loved this longer version, where there was more of everything good about the thirty second spot: more Jessica, more dance, more interview showing Justin’s sketches with voice-overs.


It started with the fabulous, “Arre you just going to look beautiful orrr arre you going to dance” dialogue, which guaranteed that the entire straight female population, (and gay male one) would fall in love with Brandon.


The every four seconds minimum product plug was a lot less noticeable, though still absorbed by the brain, as people had time to become engaged with the characters. It also showcased all the colorized dance moves, which were completely breathtaking in their own right.


The full “Brandon is a flirrrt” bit of Jessica-genius was there, showing her, lovely and graceful, and showcasing Justin’s non-dance related drawings of Brandon. And of course, Brian’s favorite plug of the product, the “I’m living my dream, and if I take care of myself, I can do so for years to come” which they cut from the thirty-second spot, was back.


Just like the thirty second commercial, the two minute one played four times in a row. At the end, Greg turned to Brian.


“I think this could easily qualify as unethical business practice,” he said with a smile. “After seeing it, there is absolutely no way we could pass it up, and you know it. You people did an amazing job. I just saw the damn thing four times, and I can’t wait to see it again.”


Karen nodded in approval and added, “I looked for the Clearlife references on the fourth viewing, and they are what, every seven or eight seconds?”


“Every four seconds,” corrected Brian, smiling.


“God. That’s unbelievable. I mean I was looking for them, and missed half…”


A short blond woman, the director of marketing, Brian thought, added, “It’s like brainwashing, and you’re so happy to be looking at Mr. Bloomquist here, you don’t even mind it.”


Greg joked, “I have the sudden urge to run out to the closest Clearlife store and buy a basketful of my own products…” He laughed happily. “The stores are going to be overrun…”


A rubicund man with round glasses added, “A two minute spot, placed judiciously, can cost as little as twice the price of a thirty second one, and with this, we will reap much more than twice the benefits.” Brian smiled. Even the accountant approved.


Striking while the iron was hot, he got them to buy the product at full price, which was completely to his credit, considering that had he not had them under the Kinney thrall, it might have occurred to at least one of them that the fact the spot was already made and was only worth what they were willing to pay gave them a huge bargaining chip and that they could have gotten it at a huge discount…


After the Clearlife people left, Brian, Sam and Brandon just stood there for a minute, all three of them grinning.


“I have a feeling there might be a bit of partying going on in my department,” said Sam finally. “Shall we go down and join in?”


He was right. You could hear the celebration from the second the elevator doors opened. How twenty or so people could make that much noise was anyone’s guess. The buffet was back, with a cake decorated with Brandon doing a Jete, a bottle of Clearlife water in each hand. Obviously, Justin had been hard at work…


It quieted down a little when they entered, until Brian said, “They bought it, full price!” which was followed by high fives amongst the team, and the pop of Champagne bottles being opened. Alan came and clapped Brian on the back, and Paul lifted his glass saying, “Kertching, kertching!”


In the midst of the excitement, Chris and Spaz got everyone’s attention by the simple process of Spaz whistling loudly through his fingers.


“With all of our extra time,” said Chris, “Steve, Spaz and I put our own little spot together.” People laughed at the extra time crack, though not sure what to expect.


Brian had not even noticed that they had brought the large screen back, until they started their “Show.” It was a series of candid shots, remarks accidentally caught on film and bloopers. It had evidently been put together that morning, by those three, after the commercial had been put to bed, and everyone else had gone to bed.


It started with the candid reaction of Erica, when she first saw Brandon: “Oh, dear Jesus! I WANT him!” That set the tone and got everyone laughing. Brandon put his arm around her shoulders and gave her a squeeze.


There was a shot of Adam, who could not remember the names of dance moves to save his life, asking Brandon for “one more of these”, and executing his version of a Jete, with all the grace of a drunken bear. It was completely hilarious.


There was a funny cut of Jessica saying, “I’m an attorney. You would be surprised the bullsh… the improvised words of wisdom we come up with on demand.” Followed by “bullsh…bullsh…bullsh…” Jessica hid her face in her hands, laughing.


There was a shot of Brandon and Brian running, before the move to the angle that showed Brandon but only the body of Brian was made, with Steve saying, “Is that a boner?” and Spaz’s camera doing a close up of Brian’s crotch and Spaz confirming, “Dude! that is a boner!” Brian laughed with everyone else. His boners were not something he was ashamed of…


A quick shot of Brandon followed, with him landing a pirouette on the Clearlife Vitamin Water bottle that they were trying to fit into the shot, totally exploding it, and saying, “Oops!” while looking adorably like a five year old that spilt his milk. He was the first one to laugh saying, ”Oh, God, there goes my tough guy image!”


Another shot of Erica, after she’d figured out Brandon was gay, sniffing Brandon’s costume, saying, “He even smells good. It’s sooo unfair! I want to be a maaaaan!” had everyone howling.


There was a shot of Steve, looking completely worn out, trying a microphone, saying to Spaz, “It was working fine yesterday. Piece of crap! Costs a fucking fortune and just stops working for no reason!” followed by Spaz’s quiet remark. “Huh, Dude. You gotta plug this end in, right?” and Steve carefully putting down the mike, walking away, and banging his head against the wall.


The last shot was of Brandon doing curls, Adam off camera saying, “We need more sweat,” Erica coming in with her bottle, and saying to Brandon, “I don’t want to put water on your barbell,” Adam reaching for it, Brandon passing it to him like it was a feather, and Adam falling sideways, brought down by the weight, a completely stunned look on his face, and saying to Brandon, in an accusatory whiny tone, “That’s heavy!” It took a while for the laughter to die down.


Interspersed had been still photos of people hard at work, individual portraits of each of them doing their jobs, of people yawning, of Chris fallen asleep at the keyboard, of people laughing, of people leaving for the day looking beat, of the line at the coffee urn, and smiling portraits of everyone. It had none of the slick perfection of the commercial, but it made everyone laugh, was really sweet and a great testimony to the effort put into the past three days.


Sam thought it was the perfect opportunity to pass out the T-shirts he’d had made for the Art Department team that said: I survived the 2005 Clearlife shoot.


Marcus tapped his glass to get everyone’s attention. “I have more good news,” he said. “It seems the anally retentive member of this outfit,” and there, he gave a deep bow, “had the foresight, dubbed as paranoia at the time by his esteemed partners,” he raised his glass to the said esteemed partner, “to insure Plexus, in case Mr. Raines became incapacitated in the four weeks separating the conclusion of filming and the showing of his commercial. Of course, I was thinking of a broken ankle,” he had the grace to add, shrugging.


“However, I got words from our insurance agent that the rather vague wording of the contract,” and here he raised his glass to Gerard Stanford, the head of Legal, who had worked on it with the insurance underwriter, “makes Mr. Raines present predicament an incapacitation. Therefore, Plexus will be reimbursed of …eighty percent of the cost of production of the Raines commercial, all expenses included!”


There was very loud whooping and clapping. Most of the longtime employees were on the profit sharing program, and the scrapping of the Raines commercial had made a huge dent in the 2005 profits. This was really, really good news.


Apparently a lot of people had asked if there was any chance they could have one of Justin’s drawings. Justin had used the amazing Art Department copy machine to reproduce them, and gave each person a full set. With a smile, he gave Brandon the full set of the originals, and gave Jessica the originals of the Dance Teacher.


It was two o’clock, and suddenly Brian felt completely worn out. Using Justin’s technique, he discreetly went into Sam’s office, closed the door, and dialed his phone.


“This is Justin Taylor,”


“Hey. I’m suddenly dead on my feet. I need a nap.”


“I’m done. I’ll be leaving shortly.”


“Yes, so will everyone else. We may have to take separate cabs.”


“Oh.” It was so sweet. He sounded so disappointed. “You’re right, of course.”


“See you at home then.”


“Later.”


“Later.”


Brian yawned and stretched. He left Sam’s office and said goodbye to Jessica and Brandon, telling him he would call with firm plans for the evening at about eight. He said a few words to his partners, and to Sam, and headed out. Apparently, Justin had already left. Two other people were waiting for cabs already. Luckily, taxis seemed hungry for business at 3:00PM on New Year’s Eve.


Five minutes later, he sat in his own cab and gave his address. They had gone five blocks when he noticed a familiar jacket, blond head of hair, and fantastic ass walking at the edge of the sidewalk. He laughed, and asked the cab to pull over, picking up a grinning Sunshine.


“I could have been looking on the other side, or even had my eyes closed, you know,” he said.

 

 

Justin cuddled into his embrace. “It was definitely worth a shot,” he answered happily.


They did not talk on the way home, both of them pretty tired. Once at the loft, Brian set the alarm for eight, and having taken off his suit, watched Justin, who was on the phone, struggling one handed to get his jeans down over his bubble butt. It was a delicious spectacle. He went to brush his teeth and Justin came in the bathroom the phone still in his hand.


“Hey, I kind of spaced out on telling you, but I spoke to a friend of mine named Todd, yesterday after our break. I invited him to come to Essengy with us to save him the 200 bucks.”


“Nice guy?”


“Yes, real nice. Likes to dance when he goes there, mostly, and cannot afford to go that often because he’s saving for a down payment for a place.”


“Between him and Brandon, will I get to spend any time with you at all?” Brian said in a light joking tone. Probably because he was so tired, he did feel peeved that he’d have to share Justin with what he expected to be yet another lovelorn ex all evening.


Justin looked… funny. “I just assumed…” he said. Then, waving his hand he added, “Never mind.”


“Justin?”


“Nothing. I'm just tired. Let’s go to sleep, ok?”


Justin was always much wiser than him.


“Justin, tell me, you assumed what?”


Justin looked embarrassed. “Well, I’d assumed you and I would be together the whole time. That we would dance with them, or we’d hang out with them. It's stupid. We’re not fused at the hip, right? There are always plenty of guys who want to dance with you and whatever… “


“Justin, we talked about this. There isn’t going to be any ‘whatever,’ not without you.”


“Yeah, yeah… I know. Let’s go to sleep, ok?”


What the fuck was wrong? Brian had no intention of going to the lounge without him. Surely he knew that by now. It was the two of them with tricks, or no tricks at all.


He turned to Justin to try again to figure out what his problem was, but he was asleep, or faking it really well. None of his body was in any contact with Brian, and Brian hated it. He moved close, on his side, and put his arm over Justin’s chest. A minute later, as he had started to doze off, Justin moved against him with a sigh, curling into his arms in their habitual spooning position, Justin’s back molded to his front, hugging Brian’s arm to his chest. Brian fell asleep with a smile.

 

*****



He woke up alone in bed. Again. It was a quarter to eight. The loft was dead quiet and completely dark. Where was Justin? He was not on his computer with his headphones on, not watching TV on mute, not there at all.


“Justin?” Brian called out, to immediately feel like an idiot. Did he expect Justin to be hidden under the bed? He wasn’t there, period. He picked up the phone and dialed Justin’s number, and heard it ring, muted but there, in the loft. He’d left his fucking phone. Brian found that infuriating. He had made it clear he wanted Justin to have his phone on at all times. He was mentally preparing a scathing message when he heard a joyful voice answer, both in his ear and through the front door.


“I’m right here, Brian.” A laugh. “My fingers are too stiff to remove my glove and I can’t dial properly…”


Brian opened the door to find Justin, pink cheeked and bright eyed, in his running clothes, his knitted gloves holding the phone clumsily, giggling.


He looked like a big kid, totally adorable. The phone fell from his hand and he kicked it back up like a hacky sack. Brian caught it in mid air, and pressed end call before closing it. He shut the front door, and asked, “Why aren’t you wearing your new gloves?”


“I didn’t want to get them all sweaty. Did you ever notice how much smaller the keys are on this door’s pad than everywhere else? I’ve been trying to get the door open for five minutes.” He giggled again. “And then I couldn’t open my phone! My fingers are frozen. Help me take these off, please?” His gloves were tucked in the sleeve of his sweatshirt, and inside the Velcro closure of his running jacket. Brian took them off. Justin’s fingers were icicles.


“Let’s rinse them in warm water,” said Brian. “They’ll warm up.”


“No! That always hurt!” whined Justin, now sounding like a big kid too.


Instead he put his hands on Brian’s toasty, right-out-from-under-the-warm-covers belly. Brian howled, and backed away, laughing.


“No fucking way!”


Justin started chasing him around, grasping what he could with his icy hands. “It’s the only way,” Justin pleaded, laughing, “or I might lose an extremity to frostbite! I’m an artist! Save my career! Sacrifice yourself!”


Because he was laughing, and not trying too hard, Brian backed himself into a corner. He was bating Justin’s hands away until Justin fell to his knees, and took Brian’s cock in his mouth. The lips were icy, but the inside was hot and wet and fantastic, and Brian only squirmed a little when the ice-cold hands grabbed his ass and brought him closer.


It was one of Justin no-holds-barred blow jobs, the kind that made Brian pant, then moan, then cry out as he came, taking him down at the knees every time. Fuck. It didn’t get any better than this, even with Justin’s barely warmer hands now tucked in Brian’s armpits.


He raised Justin and himself off the floor, and pushed Justin backwards on the bed. He took off Justin’s running shoes, his socks, his sweats, his running tights and his boxers, and pulled him to a sitting position to strip off the jacket, a thick hoody, a long sleeve t-shirt, and surprise, surprise, one of his own wife beaters.


He had intended to get the both of them into the shower, but sweaty Justin smelled too good. He plunged his nose into Justin's blond crotch, breathing deeply, loving that scent. He pushed Justin’s legs up and apart and, his nose in the fragrant balls, started licking his hole. It was heaven, God, he wanted to stay there all night.

 

 

Justin was mewling in pleasure, “Brian, Brian, Brian, your tongue, so soft, so hot, so good, fuckmewithitfuckmewthitfuckmewithit. Yeah, yeah, oh god, oh fuck…”


Brian’s tongue was all the way in the softness of his hole, circling it, fucking it, kissing it, sucking it, caressing its walls, the tip wiggling deep inside, in and out motions stimulating the outer rim again and again, lapping broadly at the sensitive skin around it, plunging back in. Justin tasted as sweet as ever, like candied pecans, how could anyone’s ass taste so good, so sweet? He was avidly sucking the juices out yet again, preparing to plunge in and renew his assault, when the intercom buzzed…


Justin, only half conscious with pleasure was mumbling, “Fuck, shit, fuck, before run, phone, Todd, Brandon, directions, internet, nine o’clock, drinks, don’t stop, please don’t stop, so good, so good…”

 

 

His tongue still in Justin’s ass, Brian looked at the clock. How in the fuck was it nine? He must have been eating Justin’s ass for over an hour, and still he didn’t have his fill. Neither of them was showered, neither was ready. He was in heaven and Justin was incoherent in his bliss. He told Justin, “Don’t you dare move,” and went to the door. When he pressed the intercom button, he could hear laughter, Brandon’s and someone else’s.


“Brandon,” he said, and then he thought, ‘What the hell’. “Brandon, is that Todd with you?”


“Yeah, we arrived exactly at the same time.”


“Listen, we’re in the middle of fucking. I’ve been eating Justin’s ass for an hour, and I don’t want to stop. Go to the corner bar, or come up and watch or come up and fuck. Your choice. I’m releasing the door. You decide. If you want the bar, let the door close again, we’ll join you there eventually.”


He pressed the Open button that would automatically open all doors and send the elevator down to wait until someone got on and pressed up. He heard the click signaling the outside door had opened, setting the automation in motion.


He went back to the bedroom. Justin had not moved. He was holding his knees, his perfect ass exposed, his glistening pink hole pulsing in anticipation, his cock hard and stiff, his whole body shivering like that of a race horse. Two steps and his tongue was back up that hole, his nose once again in Justin’s musk scented balls, and twenty seconds later he’d forgotten the interruption.


He was tongue fucking Justin again, as he was babbling, “Hot, soft, so soft, oh, Brian, so good, yeah, yeah, suckitsuckitsuckit, yessssss, goooood,” then mewling, or purring that purr of his, panting, and talking again, “Soft, in, in, in, yeah oh god yeah, fuckitfuckit, don’t stop, so soft, so hot, good, fuck,” and then finally, though Brian would have happily kept it up all night, “fuck, soft, love it, love it, Brian, love it, fuck me please, cock, please want you to fuck me, fuck me please, please, Brian, please fuckmefuckmefuckme…”


Brian pushed his cock in the velvet depths, completely open for him, the pleasure indescribable, each fold of Justin’s walls caressing the tip of his cock, the heat, the wetness, the perfection, incredible, and then pulled back out with a cry of fury, realizing he didn’t have a condom on. He grabbed one, rolled it on, lubed it thickly and pushed back in, feeling as if he was seeing in black and white, the vista still breathtaking but not half as beautiful as it had been just a moment ago.

 

 

Justin’s strong legs were around his waist, and he dropped forward, his weight on his elbow, his hands on Justin’s face, kissing him to oblivion, fucking the ass he loved, the body he loved, the man he loved, watching the pleasure on Justin’s face that was echoing his own, driving his own, until they both came, breathing words of love onto each other’s mouth.


Next to them, his perfect body glistening with sweat, Brandon was fucking Todd, whose ankles were on Brandon’s shoulders. His dark skin was a beautiful contrast to Brandon’s paleness. One of Brandon’s hands was on Todd's cock, expertly milking it, the other on his cheek, caressing his face, his thumb tracing Todd’s lips. Todd’s hands were holding his silky blond hair back from Brandon’s gorgeous face.


“You’re so tight, Todd, so tight, you feel so fucking good… You are so beautiful, your skin, your hair, so dark, so soft…”


“God, so big, so fucking good, Brandon, Brandon, here I come…” And Todd's cock erupted in thick white ropes, Brandon saying, “Look at me, look at me,” and coming deep in Todd’s ass as they stared into each other’s eyes.


Brandon gently lowered Todd’s legs to the bed, and, as if he weighed nothing, pulled him up against his body, and kissed him long and deep, and then sweetly, gently, said, “That was so incredibly good, Todd, so, so, good. I don’t even know what to say.”


Todd answered with a chuckle, “Just say you’ll do it again…”


“Fuck, yes… But I want you to fuck me next. I love your cock. I want to know how it’ll feel inside me…”


“Brandon, I’ve never topped. I wouldn’t fucking know how. I don’t want to hurt you…” Todd took his turn kissing Brandon. “But I will suck your cock, eat your ass, and offer you my ass anytime you want it.”


Brian and Justin had been so absorbed in each other, they had not even noticed Brandon and Todd coming in or fucking next to them until they had emerged from their post coital bliss.


The two had looked hot together, beautiful and erotic.


Brian whispered into Justin’s ear, “Fuck me, Justin, like the first time. Show Todd how it’s done.”


“Some people have refractory periods, Brian,” answered Justin, laughing. “Give them a minute…”


So Brian, the perfect host, said to the kissing couple, “Guys, how about a shower, then a drink, then another fuck, then another shower, and then the club for some dancing?”


Justin rolled his eyes, but Todd and Brandon just looked at each other and burst out laughing.

 

 

Brandon looked at Brian and smiled. “Sounds like a plan to me.”


“Great. The shower's through there.”


There were two more showers in the loft, but this one was big, had two heads, and there really was not much wrong with four gorgeous guys occasionally accidentally rubbing against each other while they soaped up, in Brian’s opinion.


He washed Justin from head to toes, sucking his cock a few times here and there just because, and Justin returned the favor, both the washing, and the sucking. Brian took advantage of his time in Justin’s care to check out Todd.


He had the wiry body of a man who would stay thin all his life, his abs beautifully defined. Though he was probably only six feet, he looked taller, everything about him long and lean, his shoulders only slightly wider than his narrow hips. His cock was like the rest of him, long but not thick, and his face reminded Brian very much of Adrian Brody, though his hair was very dark, short and probably curled into ringlets as soon as it grew. He had a great smile, the whiteness of his teeth a nice contrast to his dark olive skin. Though not beautiful in the classical sense, he was very attractive.


Brian questioned for a moment the fact that neither the David-like perfection of Brandon, nor the attractiveness of Todd made him in anyway want to swap partners in this little fuck fest. He looked critically at Justin but even as he was trying to concentrate on his imperfections, his cock was filling, rising to full hardness with his desire for Justin. When Justin looked at him with love in his eyes, he suddenly understood the awkward moment earlier that afternoon, before they fell asleep.


Justin could not imagine wanting to trick when Brian was around, because with him there, no one held any interest for him. And he had been embarrassed to have wrongly assumed it to be the same for Brian. Except that now, Brian realized it was true for him as well, and that feeling this way, if Justin had suddenly talked about them tricking together he would have felt very awkward indeed.


He grabbed his absolutely perfectly beautiful (though too short, imperfectly proportioned, muscle-definition lacking, thick thighed, bubble butted) lover and kissed him long and hard, feeling Justin’s body go boneless in response to the invasion to his soft, yielding mouth.


Brian whispered in his ear, “When you’re around, I can’t even imagine wanting to fuck someone else, wanting anyone else to suck my cock or eat my ass. I hope your heart wasn’t too set on us tricking together, because I simply, completely lack the interest…”


He loved that Sunshine smile. “I’m glad you mentioned it,” Justin said. “It would have been stupid for the two of us to force ourselves to do it thinking to please the other. I’m not interested either.”


So that had been his plan: To go against his own desire, and trick with Brian if that’s what Brian wanted. ‘Justin, you twat,’ thought Brian.


Brian said seriously, ”Justin, don’t ever do something you don’t really want to do just to please me. It’s you I want. It’s you I… love. The real you. You may piss me off at times, but the way I feel about you is not going to change.” He kissed Justin’s wet hair, hugging him tight.


They all got out of the shower, dried off with Brian’s wonderfully thick towels, and had a drink. Todd was happy with J&B, and Brian automatically poured one for Brandon, who said, ”Actually, Brian, with my profession, I can never drink alcohol. I’ll have the Evian.”


Brian was confused. “You drank J&B at Babylon the other day…”


Brandon looked a little sheepish. “The bartender there, Jimmy, mixes this tea, coffee and water concoction for me and puts it in a bottle of J&B. It looks just like the real thing. I pay full price for it, which he collects as a tip for his efforts. Drinking only water would blow my bad boy image…”


Brian smiled and nodded in complete understanding, but Justin just shook his head, laughing. “You studs are so weird!”


“What do you do for a living?” asked Todd, curious.


“Huh…”


“Starting tomorrow, your cover is blown anyway, Brandon…” Brian reminded him. “Just fess up.”


Brandon sighed. “I’m a ballet dancer.”


Todd looked totally in awe. “No shit. Really?”


“Yes.”


“Oh, my God!” said Todd, “I love ballet. Ever since I was a kid and my sisters danced. It’s one of my favorite things!”


He must have noticed their dubious look, because, laughing, he got up and went to find his wallet in his pants. He said, “This has been my Christmas-Birthday combo present from my family since I was eighteen. They all chip in, because it’s so damn expensive, but they manage to swing it every year.” He pulled out a thin booklet from his wallet and passed it to Brandon. It was Orchestra seating season tickets to the New York City Ballet. “I haven’t missed one show in nine years…” He added, “You thought I was full of it, didn’t you?”


Brandon looked at him and smiled. “Yes, I did,” he admitted. Todd bent down and kissed him. “Just for that, I should fuck you inexpertly and have you feel me in your Jetes for the next two weeks…”


“Speaking of which,” cut in Brian, always the opportunist. “It’s time to fuck.” He turned to Todd. “My ballet loving friend, you are in luck… You see, I am a top. Hate bottoming. Hadn’t done it in fifteen years, until Justin’s lovely cock tempted me into it. And with him, I love it. He has a gift. And so, if you are willing, you can follow along, and give the other ‘Top only’ in our little gathering what he so surprisingly asked for of you: A good fuck.”


Brandon was looking at Justin, and Brian’s gut twisted a little. He had been pretty sure they had fucked, but now he learned something he would have never expected. Not only did Brandon get on his knees in public to suck off Justin, but apparently, the ‘power top’ had also taken it up the ass from him, and had, just like Brian, loved it. Why had Brandon asked Todd to fuck him? Brian wondered.


If Brandon was like Brian (which Brian strongly suspected), and hated bottoming for anybody else… But bottoming for Justin was so, so good. He couldn’t get enough. Was Brandon hoping someone else could make him feel what he’d felt with Justin? Shit. He was… Now that he understood, he could only hope Brandon would know he had had no idea how incredibly insensitive what he’d just said to Todd was…


Brian gave a mental shrug. No point in worrying now. The idea of Justin fucking him again like he had that first time had his cock like a flag pole. He walked over to Justin, and took his hand pulling him to the bedroom.


He whispered to him, ”Sorry. I’m an ass. I didn’t know.”


Justin smiled at him and shrugged.


Todd and Brandon were still sitting, talking quietly. Then they got up, and joined Justin and Brian on the bed. Brian lay on his stomach, so Brandon did the same. Justin, kneeling between Brian’s legs, ran his hands on his broad smooth back, on his small ass, on his thighs.


Brian turned his head to see Todd doing the same, his expert physical therapist fingers adding pressure where it felt the best. Continuing to mirror Justin’s moves, he lubed his finger, and gently ran it up and down Brandon’s crack, passing lightly over his anus. Watching Justin’s technique carefully, he added more lube, and played with Brandon’s entrance, circling it with the pad of his finger. Finally, he pushed in to the first knuckle, swirled it lightly, to relax the rim.


When he added more lube and pushed in the whole finger, Brandon sighed, with pleasure and relief that there was no pain. It felt good. Justin was so careful, so gentle and now, so was Todd.


More lube, and a second finger joined the first, and Brian loved that burn, and that jolt of pleasure, as Justin reached for his prostate and lightly caressed it.


“Do you feel his prostate?” asked Justin.


“Yes”


“Be real light when you caress it. Brandon’s not used to that stimulation.”


Justin kissed Brian’s back as he moved the two fingers in and out, and scissored them. Brian relaxed.


“Fuck him with your fingers really gently, and scissor them to open him. Kiss his back, his spine, caress his back until he relaxes.”


Soon Brandon was sighing, at ease.


“Do the same with a third finger, be gentle when you go in, it burns… Be light when you caress his prostate to remind him that it’s good, and gently finger fuck him, take your time, kiss him, caress his back, his thighs, let him know that you care, keep doing it until he loosens up around your fingers.”


Todd was caressing Brandon’s back, kissing his spine, loving him, and moving his fingers in and out slowly, gently. Once again, Brandon sighed, relaxing.


“You’re ready for me”, said Justin to Brian.


“You’re ready now, Brandon,” said Todd


Brian heard the condom packets rip, the flip of the lube lid. Todd was mirroring all of Justin’s movements. Justin put more lube on Brian's hole, and said, “Here I come”. Todd did and said the same to Brandon. Kissing Brandon’s back, caressing him with one hand, Todd lined himself up with the other and gently, gently, he pushed in.


Brian loved the first seconds after Justin penetrated him. That fullness in his ass was Justin. The hands on his back, caressing, soothing, were Justin’s. The mouth that placed kisses along his spine was Justin’s, and Brian loved it all. Then Justin started to move, and Brian could feel the ridge of the large head of his cock as he moved. It was Justin’s cock, unmistakable.


“Wait till you feel him relax again. Kiss him, caress him, love him… Then, when you move, be gentle, be tender. Find his prostate but be light and slow at first, and reach for his cock with your lubed hand, and be gentle and slow there too. It’s so many sensations at once… Is Brandon hard?”


“Oh, yeah…”


“Good, so just keep going. Progressively go faster and harder, but stay really light on his cock, mostly to make sure he likes what your cock is doing.


“If you jerk him off too well, he’ll concentrate on that and forget how good his ass feels, full of cock, full of you. You can even let go of his cock and play with his nipples, his balls, and then, whatever he asks for, you give it to him…”

 

 

“Todd,” said Brandon, sounding in awe. “Your cock feels so fucking good. God… I never thought I would feel that again… Thank you, oh God, thank you… Fuck me now. Fuck me for real. Don’t touch my cock, I want to come from just you inside my ass.”


Todd started moving with intent, still caressing Brandon lovingly. “You are so beautiful, Brandon. Your back is a sculpture, your ass is perfection, and your pink hole, stretched around my cock is the sexiest thing I’ve ever seen. You are so tight, this is heaven. So tight, so soft, so wonderful, so beautiful. I want to fuck you harder, love, can I fuck you harder?”


“Yes… Yes! Oh, fuck! sooo good, harder, yes, harder, oh god yes, yes, oh my God, Todd, so fucking good, Todd, yes, Oh God! yes, I’m going to come. I’m going to come! ….aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”


Todd’s eyes were closed and his whole body was pulsing with his orgasm, deep in Brandon’s ass. He leaned forward and rested his forehead on Brandon’s wet back.


“I had no idea…” he said. “No idea…” He kissed Brandon’s back lovingly, tenderly.


“Hold onto the condom when you pull out,” said Justin.

 

 

Todd did, pulling out gently. Brandon flipped onto his back and reached for him, and held him in his arms, tightly. He flipped the both of them over so he was on top and kissed Todd for all he was worth.


Justin smiled at Brian, and pulled out of him. Brian turned onto his back, smiling back, and fastened his legs around Justin’s back. They had both watched the other two fucking, a beautiful erotic show, but now, it was their turn.


“Fuck me hard, Justin,“ said Brian, “Like I did to you last night.”


Justin smiled, “Oh yeah…” and he proceeded to fuck Brian into the mattress, probably harder than he had ever fucked anyone. Brian was meeting his efforts, and the sensations were beyond what his brain could process while still thinking rationally. He became just a pleasure seeking machine, wanting more, taking more, watching the echoing rapture bloom on his lover’s face, hearing grunts and moans, and cries and not caring where they came from.


Justin reached for Brian’s cock and held it loosely enough so that it slid through his fist, and after two thrusts, Brian’s orgasm exploded out of him. Through the haze of his ecstasy he could feel his ass tighten around Justin’s cock rhythmically as he was shooting his come, and he felt Justin stop, deep, and heard his victorious cry as he filled the condom.


Justin collapsed on him, and Brian wrapped him lovingly in his arms, their lips meeting without apparent forethought, just a continuation of the perfection of the moment. They were smiling at each other when there was a moan next to then and they looked up just in time to see Todd come in Brandon’s mouth. Brandon, kneeling between his legs, had obviously been jerking off the whole time, because he raised himself on his knees and they were all treated to the gorgeousness of the perfect body, the perfect cock and the perfect face in the throws of orgasm.


He collapsed on the bed with a groan, and they all started laughing.


“And this concludes 2005 very nicely,” said Brian. “Let’s shower and go dancing and welcome 2006!”


To be continued...

 

 

Chapter 8 - Getting to know you. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Getting to know you



Justin looked at the clock. It was 8:30. He stretched, loving the feeling of his clean skin on the clean sheets. He smiled. Even after the shower in the middle of the night, there were still some sparkles on his skin. One of Brian’s arms was across his ribs and one of his legs on top of his.


Brian had been so cute last night. A bit drunk, and high too, and totally in love. All over him all night, telling guys who he thought came too close to Justin, “My Sunshine. Find your own,” even though most of them were trying to hit on him and not Justin.


He had actually dropped to his knees in the middle of the dance floor to give Justin a blowjob, and it had been so fucking good. Brandon and Todd had laughed and kept dancing, one on each side of Brian, until Justin had come down his throat. Brian had gotten back up, and kissed him deeply. “I’m going to keep you so satisfied, you’ll never want to fuck another guy…”


Close to midnight, all four of them had gone to the lounge where Justin, for the first time ever, had gotten fucked in a public place. Justin had closed his eyes to forget his surroundings, concentrating on the man he loved, and had come in the middle of the last ten seconds countdown, feeling Brian follow him immediately. Todd had sprayed the wall at “Happy New Year”, and Brandon must have been right with him because soon they were kissing, just like Justin and Brian.


The four of them had kept dancing and goofing off till 1:30 in the morning, when Brian had told Justin, incredibly early by his normal standards, that he wanted to go home. They had taken a cab, Brian holding Justin for the short ride, had kissed and rubbed against each other in the elevator and had fucked in the shower, face to face, Brian holding Justin up under his ass with Justin’s legs around his waist, kissing him the whole time, pumping into him fast and furious, and coming with a growl as soon as Justin did.


They had changed the sheets and gone to bed, Justin feeling so sated he thought he might never want to fuck again.


Now, six hours later, he woke up with his usual morning wood, but his ass was pretty sore. He looked over at Brian, gorgeous as always despite last night’s excesses, yawned and went back to sleep.


At ten, when he woke up again he was alone in bed. He could hear the pages of the newspaper being turned in the living room area. He got up, put on some boxers and some sweats, an undershirt and his blue hoody. The loft felt a little chilly.


He padded quietly into the living room, where Brian, also in sweats, was reading the business section of the New York Times, drinking his coffee out of the carafe, as apparently was his habit.


Justin went to the kitchen, took two half bagels out of the freezer and toasted them.


“Are those bagels?” asked Brian.


“Yes. Do you want one?”


“Do you have whole wheat?”


“Yes.” He had noticed, the only time he’d had breakfast here, that Brian’s bagels were whole wheat. So that’s what he’d bought.


“Great.”


Justin retrieved two more halves from the freezer. “I have nonfat cream cheese.”


“You do?” This time Brian put down the paper and turned.


“And I’m going to slice a tomato and some cucumber for mine. Want some?”


Brian put down the paper and joined him in the kitchen.


“Sounds good.”


Two minutes later, they were each sitting in front of toasted bagels, with cream cheese, tomato and cucumber. Justin was starving. They had skipped dinner and though Brian’s meal replacement technique was fun, he needed to eat.


“I’m getting the art and leisure. You want the business back?”


Brian chewed and swallowed his bite, pulled Justin to him and gave him a kiss.


“Good morning, Sunshine.”


Justin smiled. “Good morning.”


“I’m just going to concentrate on how good this tastes. I’ll read again after I’m done. Keep me company?”


“Sure.” Justin actually was not keen on reading while he ate, but had not wanted to prevent Brian for doing so. Why was it so easy for Brian to say what he wanted, and so easy for Justin to sacrifice his preference to try to please Brian? He remembered what Brian had said to him in the shower yesterday. He had to cut that shit out.


“Any plans, today, Justin?”


“I haven’t even thought beyond breakfast yet,” he said, pouring himself some cereal and milk, his bagel gone. Brian was still on the first half of his, savoring each bite. “You?”


“I thought we could move you in.” Brian drank some coffee.


“You mean get all my stuff from the brownstone and bring it here?”


“Yes.”


Justin looked around. The place was spotless, perfect. He didn’t have much, and what he had furniture-wise was second hand stuff he was not particularly attached too. But there was the rest of his clothes, his schoolbooks, his art supplies, his CD collection, his books, his bike, his drawings, the quilt Nehama had made him when he was in the hospital, his skis and ski stuff, his camping gear…


“Huh… Where are we going to put it? I don’t want to mess up your place. It’s so… pristine.”


“Justin. I asked you to move in. You said yes. It’s our place. You tell me you don’t like white and chrome, the stuff is gone. OK?”


“But you own it. I’m sure my entire salary at Plexus doesn’t even cover the mortgage.“


“Ratio.”


“Come again?”


Brian had whipped out his palm pilot and was doing some calculations. “My mortgage payment is… 17% of my monthly income. Charges, electricity, water, sewer, gas, cleaning service, cable, Internet, phone, another… 14%. That's 31%.”


He looked up at Justin to make sure he was following. “Your income is $ 37000 per annum, $3083 per month. 31% is $956. You pay that per month and we’re even.”


“I make more than that. I sell paintings once in a while.”


“And the months that you do, you can throw 31% of that into the rent. We both know that even if you sold a lot of paintings, right now, you still couldn’t go 50/50. A ratio system is as fair as we can get as this time.”


$956 was pretty steep. That was two and a half times what he’d been paying at the brownstone, which had included food. But he could afford it, and this would be his home. Not just Brian’s. At least psychologically.


Justin smiled. “OK. I like the white and chrome. Is it ok if I add some stuff though?”


“It’s your place, Justin. You have complete amnesty for anything you already own. Whatever you buy after that, or I buy, we have to both like. OK?”


“Can I hang some pictures?”


“We have to hang mine first,” said Brian, smiling. “But yes, of course you can hang some pictures.”


“We’ll need to stop at Pratt. There is one I like, there.”


Brian was done with his bagel. “Come here,” he said, walking to the bedroom. Justin’s cock jumped in his sweats, eager little thing. But in the bedroom, Brian just opened some drawers. Empty drawers. And a portion of the wardrobe. Empty as well.


“Brian, where are your clothes?”


“I had Jam, our cleaning lady, put my overcoats in the entrance closet and reorganize things a little.” He opened his portion of the wardrobe and his drawers. Nothing looked crowded or out of place.


“Also,” he said, “I’ve been thinking.” He walked with Justin to the largest guest bedroom, which had been the master until he had his platform bedroom, similar to the one he’d had in Pittsburgh, carved out of the main loft. “We could add extra windows here, and here, and skylight all along there, and make this room a studio.”


Justin was blown away. The space was large with very high ceilings, and with extra light it would be a perfect space for a studio. But he really didn’t need it. He had the studio at Pratt.


“I have the studio at Pratt, Brian. Sure it would be nice to have one here, but…”


Brian wrapped his arms around him from behind, and kissed his neck. “You are only going to be at Pratt for less than two years, Justin. We might as well plan ahead.”


Justin’s heart started beating fast. Brian was looking two years down the road and seeing them together, in this place. Brian wanted him here in two years. Brian loved him. He really loved him. Suddenly, Justin wanted to make love. Not fuck, but make slow beautiful love with this man.


“Brian. Let’s make love. Please.”


And from the kiss that melted his heart, through the loving caresses, and the tender penetration, through the slow and passionate motions and their achingly sweet orgasms, there was never anything but the expression of love.


Justin called his housemates to tell them he was coming for his stuff. Rory’s brother Dean had already packed all his clothes away, neatly and carefully, and Andrew had packed his supplies from their common desk, and his drawings. Cassie had packed his CD's, which had been in the general collection, and gone around the house to retrieve most of his stuff. She had boxed it all for him.


By the time Brian and Justin got there, there wasn’t much left to do. Justin took a careful tour of the house, picking up the few things Cassie had left behind, not sure of their provenance. He took the portrait of Florence, one of his classmates, that had hung on the wall, his first foray in portrait painting. It was full of flaws, but he loved it nonetheless. It had been a timed exercise, so it was pretty raw, but somehow that made it better.


Lilah still wasn’t back. He left her a note asking her to call him. They went to the basement to get his skis and bike and camping stuff, though Rory said there was no big hurry. Brian apparently had some storage space, a basement or something. He called the cab company for a large multiple traveler cab, they put everything in it, and after Justin promised to have them all to dinner at his new place, they left. They stopped at Pratt to pick up one painting, called The Colors of my Heart and headed home.


It made Brian laugh when the first thing Justin wanted to do was hang his art. He got The Kiss out of its hiding place. It was the same size as The Colors of my Heart. They hung them each on one side of the dining area window, the colors a relief from the white. They even made the naked man, on the adjacent wall, look happier.


From one of the boxes, Justin removed a sketch framed in primary colors. He apparently had made one of each of his housemates, and offered for them to keep them if they wanted, and they all had, except Lilah who hadn’t been home. He’d also had extra frames. Working quickly, he framed his favorite drawings. Daphne, Gus, Emmett, Blake, Daphne again, Gus with his moms, Hunter, Karl, a cute one of Emmett and Daphne, Michael and JR, Gus again, Ben, Ted, a laughing one of Debbie, one of Gus and Hunter, and three of his favorites of Brian, including the one of him speaking on the phone.


Brian had been very dubious about the cheap IKEA frames, but en masse, they looked great. They took some measurements and put all twenty frames on one wall segment, in five rows of four, covering the whole wall. Justin had put them in the frames at random and turned them all face down. As he placed them, he just called to Brian: Blue frame, and Brian handed him a blue frame at random, so at the end, the portraits that cohabitated did so without rhyme or reason.


Once finished, Brian had to admit it looked fantastic. His loft was little by little being invaded by color.


The portrait of Florence, which Brian really liked, went on the kitchen area wall. It looked fantastic.


Justin was surprised to discover than behind two sliding panels in the wall, Brian did have a library. There as well, room had been made for Justin’s books. Brian had removed a lot of his books on advertising and taken them to the office. While Justin put his books away, Brian merged their CD collection, alphabetizing them with the ease of long practice. He laughed when the only CD they had in common was the soundtrack of The Sound of Music.


“Either we are going to learn to like each other’s music, or there is going to be a lot of yodeling in the loft,” he joked, and started singing, “The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music…” in a surprisingly good voice.


“A song they have sung, for a thousand years…” replied Justin. “Oh, God, put something of yours on, or this is going to stay suck in my brain all day!


Instead, Brian put in the dance tune compilation Blake had given Justin for Christmas, which turned out to be the perfect unpacking music.


After a trip to the storage area, on the ground floor, and putting the boxes with his clothes in the wardrobe for Jam to worry about at her next visit, they had sat down together to order another modular set of drawers for Justin’s art supplies that matched Brian’s, the two empty drawers having proven woefully insufficient. And they were done.


Brian looked around and smiled. “You have done physically to the loft what you have done figuratively in my life,” he said teasingly. “You have added color and warmth.”


“That was so cheesy, I may have ruined you as an ad God…”


Brian was about to respond when the phone rang. Justin headed to the kitchen. It was late afternoon. He was starving again. He could hear Brian’s half of the conversation, though he was not paying much attention. He was making himself a salad, and a cheese omelet. He thought it was one of the partners, Alan, maybe? Calling with some good news. Wow, they’d been so busy, they hadn’t even thought to turn on the TV for the Rose Bowl’s half time commercials lineup. Oh, well.


He heard vaguely tuxedo, incredible marketing opportunity, hundreds of key people…and Brian’s answer that of course he’d be there, wouldn’t pass it up for a million bucks, and See you tomorrow…Tomorrow? They would be in Pittsburgh tomorrow. Surely Brian had not forgotten…


Brian came back to the kitchen area with a big smile on his face. “You’re not going to believe this, Justin.”


“What?”


“Through his connections Alan snatched invites for the four partners to the Mayor’s Shakers and Movers dinner tomorrow night. The best business opportunity we’ve ever had, coming right on the heels of the first airing of our commercial. Talk about golden. We are meeting at noon tomorrow to talk strategy.”


“Hm, Brian, I hate to have to remind you, but we’re going back to Pittsburgh tomorrow. We promised Gus.” He felt bad for Brian. He could see this was big.


“I know, I remember. But surely you can see that I can't pass this up. It’s important. It’s business.”


What the fuck? Was he saying what Justin thought he was saying? “You said, ‘Five nights, Gus. Five nights. Count them, I promise.’ You can’t turn your back on that!”


“Justin, you have to see the big picture, here. Gus is five. I’m sure he’s forgotten all about that already. He’s just a kid. He’ll get over it. This is the kind of opportunity that will allow me to send him to college anywhere he chooses, to buy him anything he wants.”


Justin looked at him, completely disbelieving what he had just heard. “You can already do that, so don’t try to bullshit me, or him, that you are doing this for his sake. He doesn’t give a shit about college. He doesn’t care about what you can buy him. You made him a promise. He wants you, his Daddy, to love him, to be there for him. This is the kind of betrayal that means he might never trust you again.”


“Don’t be a drama queen, Justin. I’ll make it up to him.”


Justin rinsed the knife he had been using, and put the beginning of his salad in a Tupperware container. He could not stay there a moment longer without losing it, which would be completely pointless.


“I’ve said my piece, Brian. You do as you see fit. I’m going for something to eat. I’ll be back in an hour or so. I have my cell phone. See you.” He put on his jacket, his gloves, his scarf, and left, without making a fuss. There was no point. What more could he say?


As soon as he was out on the street, he tried to call Daphne. Her phone was busy. He called Brandon. He needed a friend to talk to.


“Brandon.”


“Hey, it’s Justin. How are you?”


“Great. Fabulous. Did you watch half time?”


“No, sorry, we didn’t.”


Brandon laughed. “We didn’t either. God, Justin, Todd and I have done nothing but fuck and talk. He is a really special guy.”


“I’m so glad. Where is he now?”


“Asleep. I really like him. I hate to leave tomorrow, but I’m dancing tomorrow night.”


“So take him with you. He’s on break, isn’t he?”


“Isn’t that a bit… forward? To ask him?”


“Brandon. You know you are going to be mobbed as soon as people figure out who you are. Every fag in America is going to want you. If he is special enough that you prefer being with him than with the hundreds of tricks that are going to beat down your door, you kind of have to decide now…”


“I’m not in love with him. I’m not free that way. I’m not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but Justin, the way I feel about you is not going to disappear overnight. But he makes me laugh, and he knew me before, so to speak, and God, we are really good in bed together.”


“Talk to him. Tell him. Ask him.”


Brandon laughed. “That’s what Daphne said too.”


“Well, there you have it.”


“How are you? Brian was so cute last night. Talk about a guy in love…”


“Yeah.”


“What’s up? You don’t sound thrilled.”


“Have you got a minute?”


“For you, always.”


“Thanks. We moved me in this morning.”


“Well, that’s cool.”


“Yes. That’s not it. When the original commercial fell apart, we were in Pittsburgh. We were supposed to spend the day with Gus, Brian’s son. The boy adores him, and it broke his heart when we left.”


“How old?”


“Five.”


“OK.”


“So his Mom brought him to the airport to say goodbye. Brian was really upset to let him down, and promised to be back this weekend. Like a solemn promise. He said, ‘Five nights, Sonnyboy, five nights. Count them and I’ll be back, I promise.’ And now he’s not going. He’s been invited to the Mayor’s Movers and Shakers dinner, and he’s just blowing off Gus so he can go. I told him what I thought, it made no difference. So tomorrow, I’m going alone, because I promised too, and fuck if I not going to keep it.”


“Hum…”


“You think I’m overreacting?”


“Hell no. I was starting to really like Brian. This… really does not reflect well on him, does it…”


“He blew him off at Thanksgiving and on his birthday, too. It made no sense to me because he was so loving to him when we were there. It’s like, out of sight, out of mind.”


“Do you think it says something about whatever understanding exists between you two? As, if he doesn’t follow through with his son, he may not follow through with you?”


“Truthfully, I had not thought of it that way. But you’re right. There are things he said he could not have meant any more seriously than he meant what he said to Gus.”


“Like what?”


“Like not fucking any tricks at the loft. Like not kissing tricks. Like no repeats, no name, no numbers, though that's a rule he had before I came along. Like no tricking when we are together.”


“What would you do if he broke any of those?”


“Fuck. It never occurred to me that he might. But why shouldn’t he? It’s not like I can do anything to stop him except get pissed, and why should he give a shit? He knows I love him so much, he’d get away with it. This sucks. It really does. I don’t know that I can trust him anymore than Gus can. I need to think. I need to get away from him for a while. I guess it’s good I’ll be in Pittsburgh tomorrow.”


“I’m sorry. I’ve made things worse.”


“No. You just made me think ahead. I would have gotten there eventually. Call me when you get to the Pitts. I’m going really early. I want to be there when Gus wakes up and make him pancakes.”


“He is lucky to have you.”


“I loved him before I knew he was Brian’s. It’s a long story. I guess I’m going to keep my relationship with him separate from his father’s, so he knows he can count on me.”


“Call Daphne. It helps.”


“I know. Calling you helps too.“


“Thanks.”


“Say hi to Todd.”


“Will do.”


Justin’s stomach was aching. He was not hungry anymore. Did the fact that Brian could so easily betray a promise to Gus say something about what his statements to Justin were worth? He’d based his decision to move in with him on trust, to work with him on trust, to open his heart so completely to him on trust.


He’d trusted Ethan, and God knew what that had gotten him. The problem was, when Ethan had been proven untrustworthy, Justin had been able to walk away. He could never walk away from Brian. He was fucked.


He dialed Daphne.


“Justin! Oh my god, the commercial is incredible! I taped it, but it’s already on Youtube. It’s fantastic. I was at Lindz and Mel's, with Emmett and Drew. Drew was explaining the game to Gus. He was so excited. Then the commercial came on and we’re like: ‘Your Daddy made this!’ and he was so proud. He is sure it’s Brian running with Brandon. Is it?”


“Yes.”


“Oh! I can’t wait to tell him he was right! He can’t wait for you guys to get back.”


“Brian’s not coming.”


“… What?”


“Brian’s not coming. He was invited to dinner at the mayor’s, and he’s not going back to Pittsburgh.”


“Mel said he promised. She said he actually promised, and she believed him, this time.”


“I know. I was there. He promised. I believed him. Mel believed him. Gus believed him.”


“Gus is going to be crushed. I mean that. He loves you, but… Oh god. How can he?”


“I have no idea. Don’t tell anyone, please. I’ll deal with it when I get there.”


“It’s not your job.”


“I know, but I feel it is. I’ll try to… I don’t know. I’ll try to figure something out.”


“It’s like there are two of him. The guy who loves you, and a bastard that doesn’t give a shit about anyone else.”


“Yes, well, let’s hope for my sake that that’s true, shall we? Because if there is only one Brian Kinney, and he can treat his son like this without losing sleep, it doesn’t bode well for my heart, does it?”


“Fuck.”


“Yeah.”


“What do you think?”


“Until two hours ago, I would have never believed he could act like this towards Gus, so what the hell do I know?”


“Maybe you should hold off on moving in with him.”


“A little late for that. We got all my stuff to the loft this morning.”


“Oops.”


“We had such a great time, too. We were so… happy, I guess. Relaxed. Having fun doing it. I've got to go back. I just needed to get out for a while so I went to get something to eat, but I spent all my time talking to Brandon, and you.”


“Brandon’s new friend sounds nice. Good going, Justin.”


“I just invited Todd to Essengy. Whatever else happened I had nothing to do with…”


“Well, according to Brandon, watching Brian eat your ass was erotic enough to get monks to fuck…”


“Oh, my god, he told you about that?”


“And about your ‘How to top a top’ lesson. I am in awe. The things I learn about you…”


“I’m going to kill him…”


“No! Don’t! I loved all the details. And he told me about Brian’s ‘My Sunshine! Find your own!’ Which until I heard he wasn’t coming made me want to hug him… Now I want to kick his manly bits.”


“I’ve got to go. Can I stay at your place?”


“Duh.”


“See you tomorrow.”


“Love you.”


“Love you too.”


Justin made his way back to the loft. Brian was not there. He packed for the next day, and got on the internet to book the earliest flight. He would get to Pittsburgh at 7:00AM, and hopefully be at the girls’ early enough to make Gus pancakes. He looked at his subway ride. To be at the airport at five, he had to leave at … ten to four. That gave him plenty of time to make it to the station, and would get him to the airport half an hour before his flight.


He set the alarm on his phone. It was close to seven, already dark outside. He was still tired from the night before, and wanted to get some sleep. He decided to wait up till 8:30, and if Brian wasn’t back, to just go to sleep.


At 8:00, the door opened and Brian came in. Justin had just come out of the shower. Brian came over and kissed him, his breath fragrant with J&B.


“You’re back,” said Brian with a smile.


“I was only gone for an hour.”


“Get dressed, we’re going out.”


“Huh… I’d rather not. I have a really early flight to Pittsburgh tomorrow.”


“You’re going.”


“Of course I’m going.”


“I see. Trying to make me feel guilty? Because I don’t, Justin. And what I do or don’t do with my son is none of your business.”


“I’m not trying to make you feel anything. I made a promise to Gus, I’m keeping it. As you say, what you do with your son is none of my business, and what I do with Gus is none of yours. Go out. Have fun. I need to get to sleep. I’ll be back Sunday late afternoon.”


“Is this going to come between us, Justin?”


Brian was looking at him, and he could see real worry in his eyes. He was disappointed in Brian, but was it going to change the way he felt about him? No.


“Brian. You shouldn’t do something you don’t want to do just to make me happy. You may piss me off, but it’s not going to change the way I feel about you.”


That’s what Brian had said to him the day before. Brian smiled at him, and brushed the wet hair away from his face. He started caressing Justin’s body, and he responded, right away. He kissed him, and it was as good as always. Brian pushed him down on the bed, and turned him on his belly. He lubed his fingers, and prepared Justin the old fashioned way, before sliding inside of him, covering his entire body with his own. He fucked him deep and slow, kissing his neck and shoulder, whispering in his ears nonsense words of pleasure and affection. The friction on the sheet, and Brian inside him were almost enough, but not quite. Justin grasped his cock and Brian moved faster, deeper, until Justin came. Then Brian pulled out without coming. He pulled up his pants.


“I’m going out. I think I’ll save this for my first trick. See you later.” And he left.


God. That hurt. And knowing he had done it to hurt only made it worse.


Brian was mad that Justin had spoken his mind about Gus. He was mad that Justin was going to see Gus without him. He was mad that Justin had left earlier to avoid fighting a useless fight. And this was his way of paying him back…


It didn’t hurt any less that Justin thought it really was pathetic. He got up, ignoring his traitorous tears, and showered again. He felt ashamed, dirty. He put on an undershirt, boxers, and socks. His jeans and his hoody were there, next to the bed. His bag, his boots, his jacket, scarf and gloves were by the door. He went to the medicine cabinet and took a quarter of a xanax. He never took the stuff, but knew it made you sleep. Right enough, on his empty stomach, it acted quickly. Ten minutes later, he was asleep.


When the alarm went off, Brian was spooning him. He felt revulsion, thinking that he was holding him after holding some trick, but he could smell Brian’s Decleor on him. He had showered. Thank god. Still, he couldn’t stand Brian’s touch. Justin got up, put on his jeans and his hoody, went to the bathroom to pee, wash his face and brush his teeth, and left, as quietly as possible.


The walk to the subway was cold, and he felt bad that he had not even kissed a sleeping Brian goodbye. Oh well. He’d never know, and after last night, probably didn’t give a shit. Justin wondered, sitting in the train, where Brian had been, how many guys he’d fucked. What did it matter? They had an agreement. The fact that Justin couldn’t even imagine fucking someone else, or even getting head from someone else was not Brian’s problem.


He got to the airport only twenty-five minutes ahead of his flight and had to hustle a little. He sat in his seat, and rested his head against the back, eyes closed. It was only two weeks ago that he’d made that trip crying all the way, and frankly, this morning, he did not feel a whole lot better than he had then.


“I think I’ll save this for my first trick.” That had been so nasty, so demeaning.


He concentrated on Gus. He would make him little Mickey Mouse pancakes. It wouldn’t compensate for his father’s absence, but hopefully it would make him smile. Since Gus had like the commercial, maybe he’d call Brandon and have him drop in, to meet him. Gus would like that.


The plane had taken off and they were five minutes into the flight, when a pretty flight attendant came to talk to him.


“Mr. Taylor? I’m sorry to disturb you, sir, but would you mind coming with me please?”


“Is there a problem?”


“No, not at all. There was a mix up in your seat assignment. Nothing for you to worry about. We just need to move you. Sorry.” The flight was very full so they must have assigned his seat twice.


“It’s all right. I need to get my bag.”


“I’ll come back for it, sir. Don't worry.”


Justin got up. He could not see any other free seats except one, on the other side of the plane, a window seat, which he had requested originally. Maybe someone wanted his aisle seat. They would have to go all the way forward to cross. He was following her when she stopped in first class and said, “Here you are, sir.” Justin was about to protest that he definitely was not traveling first class when walking further forward he saw Brian, sitting in the adjacent seat. He sighed and sat down. He suddenly felt exhausted. He just looked at Brian, unsmiling, and waited.


“I’m sorry about last night,” said Brian.


Justin shrugged. As far as he was concerned, Brian could take his sorry and shove it. He was not about to let him fuck him again, and that was for sure.


“I feel I broke something, and I don’t know how to fix it,” added Brian.


Justin agreed, and was of no help at all. “Did that first trick enjoy himself? Did you enjoy shooting that come up someone else’s ass? Was it as good as you expected, Brian? Was it worth it to you? I hope so. I hope you enjoy tricking for a while too, because you are never doing this to me again, you understand? Never. And until I can trust you again, you can take your cock, and your fucking, and your come somewhere else. And if fucking you is a condition for my residence in the loft, I’ll be happy to move out, and then you can even bring your fucking tricks home, and I don’t give a shit.”


He undid his seat belt.


“I don’t know what the fuck you are doing here,” he continued. I can only hope you came here for Gus, and not to subject me to your bullshit apology. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going back where I belong, in economy, with the rest of the suckers. I don’t really feel like your company at the moment.” Justin had been so focused on dealing with the pain Brian had caused, he had not realized how pissed off he was.


Brian grabbed his wrist.


“Justin, please, sit back down and hear me out. Give me ten minutes. After that you can leave. OK?”


“Give me one good reason.”


“I love you. Better yet, you love me. Please sit.”


Justin sat down.


“I didn’t fuck anyone else last night. I never even meant to. After I left the loft I went and walked around. I… God. I was mad at you. For walking out earlier. For not understanding how important that dinner is. For being right about Gus, right about promises.


“While you were out I went to the bar at the corner and had a lot to drink, and I came home and you were going without me. When I told you what I did with my son was no business of yours, you didn’t even protest, like we’re not a couple, like we’re not both… Like we’re not in it together.


“I wanted to hurt you, because I didn’t like what you showed me about myself, because you are too nice a person to withhold sex to get what you want like I expected, and you were letting me make love to you.


“As I was walking I started to think about what I’d said. I cannot explain why I would say and do such a painful, gratuitous thing. And I realized what breaking faith with my son might mean to you. That none of what I say ever has any value. That when the moment comes, I will just do whatever I want regardless of what I told you. I decided to forget the fucking dinner, and come back to the Pitts with you.


“I came home after an hour to tell you I was sorry, that you were right, that I was coming with you, but you were already asleep. You had tear tracks on your face and I wanted to cut off my fucking tongue. I showered, so that if you woke up you wouldn’t think I still had some other man's sweat and come on me. I went online and bought us tickets, and ordered a car.


“When your alarm went off, you slipped away without saying goodbye and I couldn’t believe I could have alienated you that much, hurt you that much just out of petty resentment. I let you go, hoping it would give me time to think how to explain myself.


“On the way to the airport, it occurred to me that I can do both. Do the right thing and do the business thing. I am leaving tonight on the 7:00PM flight, in my tux, going to the dinner, and coming back again on the redeye, at 2:00AM. I’ll be back in your arms by 4:00AM. It’s a short night, but I’ve had worse, and we can spend every minute with Gus.


“And I will do whatever it takes for you to forgive me. Forgive me for even thinking of blowing Gus off. Forgive me for pretending it wouldn’t matter, and forgive me for hurting you, in the worst way possible, betraying your trust where we have both always been completely open and vulnerable to each other. I love you, Justin. I love you so fucking much.”

 

 

“It’s a really good solution,” said Justin. “Too bad we didn’t think of it earlier.”


“Yeah. Really too bad.”


“What was I supposed to say, Brian, when you said the way you dealt with your son was none of my business?”


“I expected too much too soon, Justin. I’m sorry.”


“Just tell me please.”


“I wanted you to tell me he was your son too. And that as his father, the way his other father dealt with him was very much your business.”


“You want me to be Gus’s other father.”


“We are a couple, Justin, aren’t we? Lovers, partners… He asked if he should call you Papa. I told him you could be his Justin, and then we’d see. Now we live together. I’d love for you to be his father. And your instincts are so much better than mine.”


It was so absurd, that Brian would think such a thing, and deal in the next breath the kind of pain he had dealt the night before.


“Remember what you said to me in the cab, Brian? That I have the power to break you? It goes both ways, except we both know, I think, that I would never use that power against you. You, on the other hand, as you demonstrated last night, will not hesitate. What do I do, Brian? What do I do to protect myself when you don't think twice of hurting me that much, just because you can?”


They heard the landing gears come out. They were almost there.


“It hurt so fucking much, Brian. You treated me like… something dirty. Unworthy. You made a mockery of my love and my need for you. When you tucked your erection back in, it was worse than a slap. And when you said what you said… I wanted to turn myself inside out and scrub any proof of your presence away. I wanted to cut off my cock for having enjoyed it. It hurt so bad, for a second, I wished I was dead. I’m glad you’re here. I’m glad you found a way to make it work. But I will be sleeping at Daphne’s while we’re in Pittsburgh. I still feel… dirty. I don’t want you to touch me. When I woke up in your arms this morning, I felt revulsion, where my body used to sing. You have broken something Brian. I don’t know how to fix it either.”


Tears had been running freely down Justin's face, and he didn’t care. He was only now discovering the depth of the pain and betrayal he had felt. Did it matter that Brian had not really gone tricking? It did make it a little better. But it didn’t change what he had done, and his intent in doing it. Justin lifted his blue hoody, and wiped his face on his white undershirt.


Brian looked horror stricken.


“Justin… Justin. Don’t. Please. Don’t shut me out. Don’t tell me I can’t hold you, touch you. We don’t have to make love for a long time, if you don’t want to, but please let me… let me touch you. I need your touch. I need to hold you. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Please, Justin. I beg you. I love you.”


Justin was looking at Brian’s beautiful face, seeing guilt, regret, fear, remorse, shame, need, and love, so much love. He reached for Brian’s face with his hand and cupped his cheek. Brian turned into his hand and kissed his palm. The plane had landed. It was time to get off. The flight attendant handed him his bag, and Brian retrieved his from the overhead. Loaded, they left the plane, and walked to the taxi area.


Before they reached it, Justin stopped, putting his duffel down on a waiting area chair, as well as his courier bag. He took Brian's suit bag off his shoulder, and his carry on and added them to his bags. Then he looked at Brian, and said, “Show me you love me, Brian. Show me what you said was a lie. Show me you wish you’d come inside me. Show me you like to, that I don’t repulse you.”


“Oh, Justin, love,” said Brian. “You do not repulse me. Two days ago, I spend two hours eating your ass, and I would gladly do it now if I could.” He reached for Justin and held him close, but Justin felt his body stiffen in the hug. “You are beautiful, Sunshine. So beautiful I cannot think of you without getting hard. I love your scent, your soft skin, your taste, your cock, everything about you.” Justin was listening to the words, and loving them, but his body stayed wooden in Brian’s embrace.


“Close your eyes. Listen, Justin. Do you hear it? The thumpa-thumpa of Essengy?” Brian started swaying to the beat, like they had done so many times before, and Justin could hear it in his mind. He relaxed to the music. Brian’s arms were around him, one hand at the small of his back, the other behind his head, and Brian's lips were on his, his tongue tracing his lips. It felt good.


Justin opened his lips to his kiss, and it was Brian’s possessive tongue, sweet and loving, but staking its rights, and Justin melted against him, accepting his claim, accepting his love. He could feel Brian’s erection against his hip, big, and hard, and Brian's kiss, hot and devouring, and as Brian was pressing their bodies together, he said to Justin, his voice deep and raspy, “This is yours Sunshine, yours and no one else’s,” and Justin felt Brian’s cock pulse against his hips, as Brian came in long spurts, kissing Justin with unrestrained passion.


Brian had given him back the orgasm he had taken from him. It was so stupid that it should feel so right, but Justin could not help but start crying again, sobbing with relief in Brian’s neck, Brian holding him tight, saying, “Never again, I swear to you, Justin, I’ll never do anything like that ever again. I love you, Justin, I love you.” He let Justin cry for a long time, rubbing his back, kissing his forehead.


When Justin had calmed down, Brian kissed him one last time and asked. “Ready, Sunshine? I know a little boy who needs some pancakes.” Justin took a deep breath, wiped his face on his t-shirt again, smiled at Brian, and said, “Ready.”


In the cab, on the way to Mel and Lindz, he wondered what it meant that he felt he had so completely forgiven Brian, as he rested in his arms as usual. Brian had apologized. He had explained. He had promised never to do it again, and in a way, had given back what he had taken. What more could he have wanted?


Once again, Justin’s body felt perfectly in tune with Brian’s. Yet, in his heart, there was a weariness that had not been there before. He was no longer completely trusting, completely open. His love hadn’t diminished. It was just more guarded. Justin wasn’t sure if this was good or bad.


When they knocked and Mel answered the door, she was in her PJ’s, obviously not long out of bed. She laughed. “Why are you two here so fucking early? Did they kick you out of New York?”


“My fault,” said Justin. “I wanted to make Gus some pancake if that’s ok.”


“Come in. It’s only OK if you make some for the rest of us too… Lindz is in the kitchen. Go scare the shit out of her, I doubt she heard you knock. Brian, that commercial was fucking brilliant. I’m sorry I gave you a hard time about leaving. And I’m glad I helped Gus count the nights. For some reason, I knew you’d come through this time…”


Justin came into the kitchen where Lindz was standing in front of the coffee machine while it brewed, her cup in hand, looking like a blond zombie.


“How about I make some pancakes,” Justin said.


She let out a scream and then started laughing. “Holy shit! You scared the hell out of me!” She looked wide-awake now. She started pulling the ingredients out of the cupboards. She asked lightly, as if she didn’t really care. “Is Brian with you?”


“Of course. He’s talking to Mel.”


Her sigh of relief did not escape Justin. “Did you expect him not to come?” Justin asked.


“It’s not that. It’s just… It’s the first time Mel actually believed he would keep his promise to Gus. Usually, she prepares him for a letdown, and well, she’s right. This time, she was so positive… I got a little worried. Not just for Gus, but for her too. God, I’m so glad you guys are here.”


She gave Justin a hug. Brian came into the kitchen, and took Justin in his arms as soon as she let go. “My Sunshine,” he said. “Find your own,” and he hugged Justin, who giggled. Brian held him from behind the whole time he was making and cooking the pancakes. It was a little crazy, but they both needed it. Finally they were done, just in time for a little voice coming from the stairs, asking, “Mama? Is Mommy making pantakes?”


Mel answered. “I don’t think she is… Why don’t you go check.”


“Smells like pantakes.”


Gus came into the kitchen and his sleepy face literally lit up. “Daddy! You came! You said you were gonna come and you did!” and he jumped into his father’s arms. Then he saw Justin, taking the last of the pancakes off the griddle. “And you brought my Jutsin with you! And he makes pantakes!”


That boy was in heaven. They had a great breakfast, Gus sitting on his father’s lap and laughing at Justin’s whimsical creation, Mikey Mouse, a cat, a penguin, a flower, a “Love heart”, a car. When the completely stuffed boy rested with a sigh in his father’s arm, his head tucked under Brian ‘s chin, Brian looked at Justin, smiled, and mouthed, “Thank you.”


Brian told Lindz that Justin was now an employee of Plexus, and when Mel asked which one they had finally decided was the sex slave, Brian just said nonchalantly that they didn’t have to go that route, since Justin had moved into the loft. Justin decided to concentrate on how perfect the moving day had been, and smiled at Brian, who sang “The hills are alive with the sound of music…” obviously also wanting to remember the fun part of the day. Mel and Lindz looked at each other as if Brian had lost his mind, and Justin cracked up.


After breakfast, once Gus was dressed, he and Brian built these elaborate tracks, and played Thomas the train. As usual, Brian got to be Percy, and do stupid things Thomas had to come and rescue him from. Justin got to sketch father and son playing together, cuddling, laughing. And occasionally, Brian would look at him with a thank you in his eyes. He was obviously so happy to be there. How could he have even considered not coming?


Justin felt they needed to spend some more time together to completely heal the breach Brian had caused. They were all right, but it would take some doing to return to where they had been before. He realized he didn’t like the guarded feeling in his heart. It might be prudent, but it went against his nature. Brian would be gone tonight. Maybe there would be a chance to talk the next night.



To be continued...

 

 

 

Chapter 9 - Purgatory. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Purgatory



Alan had been waiting for Brian at the airport. He totally understood Brian’s need to keep his word to his son, and had been eager to help out, making Brian feel even more like a jerk.


Alan had given him their strategy. They were not going to talk about the commercial, except in small snippets, as unrevealing as possible, to force people to hang out around them and actually ask questions, therefore making it the hot topic of the evening. Brian was all for that. He excelled at this type of game.


Alan had brought 4 by 6 laminated cards, made up by Betsy and Cynthia over the years, with photos, names and details about a lot of the other invitees. Some had post-its describing their latest success, their latest big news, or their latest flops. The details these two women had collected over the years went from their favorite sport, name of wife and/or mistress, number of kids, sexual kinks, political affiliation, number of employees, annual salary, religious observance, education and so on. He was glad they were on his side. All the gay men, in or out of the closet, were marked with a B for his attention.


They would hang out two by two, he with Alan, and Marcus with Paul, working the room as a team. There were about ninety invitees, thirty that Plexus was particularly interested in acquiring as new clients. However, they would not give out their business cards. They wanted to be sought after. Plexus was in the book, easily found by potential clients. They would not appear eager for business.


As luck would have it, Celia Secton was in attendance with her father. She talked freely to several of her girlfriends about Brian’s ‘genius’ and introduced him, kissing him lightly on the cheek, implying he was single and available, never making reference to his sexual orientation. He exchanged her seating card for the one originally next to his, that of an older gentleman who neither needed nor was interested in advertising. Brian did it discretely enough to not attract the ire of the mayor’s majordomo, but publicly enough to make Celia the envy of all her friends… and therefore attract the attention of all their husbands.


The Secton campaign was a great lead in for people to hear what they wanted to hear, details about Clearlife’s commercial and its star. As agreed, Alan and Brian were ridiculously closed mouthed about it, and the center of much attention. By the end of the evening, when all four of them reconvened in the limo, it appeared they had made positive contacts with twenty-seven of their main targets, which was much better than expected. Brian and Mark had phone interviews scheduled with three each, at the client’s request, and Paul was meeting two in person at his office. He worked much better ‘live’. Alan was having dinner with four different ones. It was the old fashioned approach he favored, and his beautiful wife was an amazing asset in that environment. They considered the evening a fantastic success, and dropped Brian back at the airport, thanking him for making the dinner despite his family obligations.


On the flight, Brian thought again of that morning’s conversation with Justin. Justin had been so angry at first, Brian had been shocked. He had never thought Justin had it in him. After he had explained himself, and pleaded his case, it had actually been much worse, because then the depth of the hurt hidden behind the anger had been revealed.


He had done what he did, aiming to hurt. It had been a last second decision, pulling out just before his orgasm, saying what he had said. He had never intended to seek relief with a trick. Just to put Justin off balance.


The result had been so much worse than he had imagined. He had not counted on Justin feeling violated, dirtied, emotionally transformed by the experience. Which showed how incredibly stupid and thoughtless he was. Justin repulsed by his touched, Justin wooden in his arms.


Thinking of Essengy, of their beginnings, had helped, and having Justin melt against him had been so good, his mouth open to their kiss such a relief, Brian’s orgasm had been just there. He’d hesitated, but letting himself go, letting Justin feel how much he wanted him and loved holding him had been right, Justin’s tears of relief a gift he did not deserve. How could he have made that beautiful man ever feel undesirable?


Their day with Gus and the girls had been fabulous, Gus so happy to see him, mentioning again and again in surprise, ”Daddy, you said you were gonna, and you came!” making Brian understand finally how close he had come to losing the child’s faith. There had big a big poster in his room, with 1,2,3,4,5, crossed out in markers. What would have happened if he hadn’t come? It did not bear imagining.


He thought back to Justin’s arguments when he had found out Brian’s intentions, all well founded as it turned out. He thought of Justin refusing to hear any more excuses and leaving rather than continue a fruitless fight. Why had it enraged him so that Justin should be so reasonable? To just let Brian keep to his decision? But it had. Nobody walked out on him. He walked out on others.


How would he handle their fights in the future? Would he go again for the jugular, striking to hurt most, no matter what the cost? He hoped not. Acting without forethought, in the heat of the moment, was not something he planned on doing ever again.


They had left the girls’ house at six, so Brian could go change into his tux before heading out, and Justin had ridden with him in a taxi to the hotel, had kissed him and said, ”Good luck, tonight. Knock their socks off!” and had continued on to Daphne’s where he was spending the night.


When the airplane landed, Brian’s car was waiting in the short-term parking. He drove it to the hotel, where he took a shower and went to bed. He was in his usual suite, home away from home, remembering making love to Justin after having found him again, having their boyfriend talk, Justin efficiently packing for him before their return to New York; Justin proposing Brandon as a solution, Justin enrolling Jessica in their adventure, Justin working on the sketches that would tip Clearlife’s decision in favor of giving Plexus a chance to put out their best commercial ever, Justin suggesting the colorization of the jumps…


There was also Justin naked on his desk, a condom packet between his teeth, Justin leaning on the back of his couch, fingering himself, Justin needing Brian’s love to feel whole again, helping Brian express his feelings at the same time. Justin showing Todd how to make love to a top. How could he have done what he did? How could he have marred this joyous, trustful, flawless aspect of their relationship? And for what? To prove to himself he had the power and the will to hurt the man he loved?


They were meeting at the diner for lunch the next day, and spending the afternoon with Gus again, taking him to a movie. They would probably go to Woody’s and to Babylon that night. What would that be like? Would Justin come home with him? He missed him so much. His body missed him. He wanted to make love to him, and Justin was not there.


He went to sleep feeling sad and guilty. Even after their afternoon, he had the feeling he had destroyed forever something beautiful. He wished he were home and could look at his painting and remember better days.


He took great care in what he wore the next day, wanting Justin to find him beautiful. He arrived a half-hour early at the diner to find Brandon and Blake sitting together. He sat with them.


“Where is everyone?” he asked, actually asking Brandon if Todd was around.


“I had to work,” said Blake, “and I had rehearsal,” said Brandon, “so Ted took Todd to breakfast, then to the gallery to see Justin’s work.”


So Todd was here. It made Brian really glad for Brandon.


Blake was looking at Brian intently. “Brian? Can I ask you a question?”


“Sure. What’s up?”


“What’s wrong with Justin?” Brandon was also looking at him as well, waiting for the answer.


“What do you mean?”


Blake shrugged. “There is something… missing. We were at Babylon last night, and he hardly danced.”


“Drank like a fish, as well,” said Brandon. “I’d never seen him drink before. Not a happy drunk, either. Just leaned on the bar, staring into nothing. Everybody assumed he missed you. But he was… weird. Emmett put his arm around him, and he pushed it off. Nicely, but he looked like he was freaked out by the touch.”


Brian’s throat was tight. Was this his fault? Was this because of what he’d done?


He looked at Brandon. “Do you remember when you told me not to fuck it up?”


“Of course.”


“Well, I fucked it up. Big time.”


“Brian, I talked to him yesterday and he was fine. Disappointed you weren’t coming, worried about what your word was worth, but normal Justin, not the weird guy from last night. When he said you were here, I was thinking everything was cool, that you’d come to your senses and his worries were over…”


“Yeah, well…” Shit. If only it had been that easy. If only…


“Brian, I’m a psychologist,” said Blake. “I specialize in addiction, but if you tell me what happened I might be able to help…”


Brian felt sick. This was between Sunshine and him. But Justin not dancing? Justin drinking? Justin not wanting to be touched? Fuck. Maybe he needed help to help him undo what he’d done.


“I’m just going to say it, OK? I was wrong, and a complete bastard, and I know it. So just listen. Justin left our loft, to avoid fighting about Gus. Apparently to talk to you, Brandon, and probably Daphne. It pissed me off. I went to the corner bar and had a lot to drink.


“When I came home, Justin had packed to come here, and I took it as a personal insult and criticism that he should still come when I wasn’t. I asked him if my decision was going to come between us, and he said my attitude pissed him off, but didn’t change the way he felt about me.


“To prove to myself that he was full of shit, I started making love to him. I expected he’d hold back, show his disapproval. But he didn’t. He’d meant what he said. He was his usual beautifully responsive self, and it made me want to hurt him, because… because I am a fucking jerk. So after he came, I pulled out right before my orgasm, pulled my pants back up, and said I was going out and saving that one for my first trick, and I left.”


The other two were looking at him in complete disbelief.


“I thought he was all right, that we were all right, that we made up yesterday, but now, you say he didn’t dance, and he drank, and wouldn’t take a hug from Emmett, and I think maybe he’s not all right…”


Brandon got up, and walked out of the diner. He just stood in the cold with nothing but his shirt on.


“Brandon is in love with Justin,” explained Brian.


“I know that, Brian,” said Blake. “I’m not blind. He’s not going to forgive you easily for this. He trusted you to take care of Justin, and what you did... I think you may have lost him as a friend.”


“I fucking deserve it.”


“Yes, well… It’s as I thought yesterday, though of course I thought it couldn’t be. Justin is exhibiting mild symptoms of post rape behavior. Dislike of being touched, substance abuse, withdrawal from previously favored activities.”


“I didn’t rape him!” How could Blake even suggest such a thing?


“You took an act of love and turned it into a weapon, an act of violence,” explained Blake. “For all intents and purposes, you raped him. Had he known what your intent was, do you think he would have engaged in the act? No. The fact that he didn’t discover it to be abuse until after the fact does not change his perception. And he blames himself for letting you do it to him, for trusting you.”


“Fuck, Blake, that’s just crazy! I’d never… Fuck. I just meant to hurt his feelings, not… this! What the fuck do I do now? How do I fix this?“


“You have a big problem, Brian. You have done incredible damage to your relationship, both its physical and its psychological aspect. I don’t know how deep your feelings for Justin run. It may be better for the both of you to make a clean break. I don’t know if it’s possible for you to rebuild what you lost.”


That wasn’t right. That could not be right. No. No, no, no, no, no.


“I would rather die than be without him, and that’s not just words.” Brian suddenly realized he was telling the absolute truth. “And I know he feels the same way. And our bodies… Our bodies need each other, love each other.” How could he have betrayed that? What the fuck was wrong with him, to go and do such a thing? “I will regain his trust, no matter what it takes, and I will heal what I damaged, no matter what it takes. And we will be as we were, and I will never, ever hurt him again.” He was talking to himself as much as to Blake. Please God, let him be right.


Just then, Justin, Ted and Todd arrived at the diner and came in, Brandon’s arm around Todd’s shoulder. They looked great together.


Justin saw Brian, and his face lit up. Brian stood up and opened his arms and Justin walked right into them, lifting his face up for a kiss. Brian obliged, Justin’s face cold but his mouth warm and delicious, yielding to him as Justin melted into his arms, a hard on growing against Brian’s thigh. Thank you God, thank you God. Justin stopped the kiss, his eyes dancing.


“I missed you last night. Both at Babylon and later.”


“God. You have no idea how much I missed you, Sunshine.”


Blake was looking at them with a smile. “I see what you mean,” he said to Brian. “I may have been hasty in my conclusions…”


Justin was looking at him questioningly.


“That most people don’t even notice a night apart,” lied Blake smoothly.


“Justin,” said Brian, “Can you order me a turkey sandwich, whole wheat, no mayo with salad but no dressing? I need to run an errand really fast.”


Justin looked surprised but said, “Sure.”


Brian went out and walked to the flower seller at the corner. He bought a bouquet of red roses and put them in the trunk of the Corvette before returning to the diner. Looking in from the outside, he noticed Justin, eyes lost and far away, sitting there without participating in the conversation. Blake was looking at him with concern on his face. Brian came in, and as if a button had been pressed, Justin returned to life, smiling at him as he got up to welcome him.


“You looked so lost when I was watching you from outside,” said Brian in Justin’s ear. “Where were you?”


Justin looked at him, hesitated and asked, “The truth?”


“Of course, I want the truth.” Brian sat them in a different booth, away from the others.


“I was reliving that moment when you tucked your cock back in your pants, and said, I think I’ll save this for my first trick.” He looked down at the table, and added, his voice soft, “I try not to let it, Brian, but it plays in my head again and again, you know? It hurts every time but I can’t seem to stop.”


“What I did and said was unconscionable, Justin. I wanted to hurt your feelings because I’m a jerk, but not like that... What I did… I might as well have raped you, Justin. It’s the same thing. I turned an act of love into an act of violence against you. I didn’t know what it was I was doing, I swear to God.”


Justin’s eyes filled with tears. “That’s how I felt. Violated. Ra…raped. That’s how I feel, still. It’s so stupid. I know why you did it, I understand your twisted reasoning even, I believe your apology, I know you mean it when you say you’ll never do anything like it again, whether you’ll be able to keep that promise or not. And my body still loves yours. You hold me and it’s happy, you kiss me and it melts. But the image of you tucking yourself in, and the words you said won’t get out of my head, and the feeling that I should have known, that I shouldn’t have made you so upset with me keeps coming back.”


“Justin, listen to me. Are you listening? You did everything right that night. You left to avoid a fruitless fight, you shared you decision without recrimination, you separated your disappointment from our love, and you tried to show me you meant it. And you could not have known what I was going to do because I didn’t know myself.”


“You’re saying it’s not my fault? And that there is no way I could have known not to trust you?”


“That’s right. And that image in your head, if it won’t go away, we are going to surround it with so many beautiful images, so many blissful images, so many unforgettable happy moments that it will be lost, buried in the rest. And my voice, saying these cruel words, will be overwhelmed by memories of laughter, by words of love and you won’t be able to hear it anymore.”


He caressed Justin’s hair back with both hands and kissed him, holding his head in his hands. He wanted to make love to him so badly. But would Justin let him? When would Justin trust him enough for that again?


Brian’s lunch arrived. He was surprised Justin had only ordered water.


“I had a big breakfast,“ Justin said. He watched Brian eat. Brandon and Todd were leaving. Brandon was dancing in a special matinee show for the Children’s Hospital, and Todd was going, of course. Brandon touched Justin's shoulder to say goodbye, and Justin noticeably flinched. Brandon’s look to Brian was not kind. “Bye, guys,” said Todd, unaware of the undercurrents.


It was time for them to leave if they wanted to be on time to see the re-release of The Jungle Book at the old Rex Theater. They went and picked up Gus, who was beyond excited to be going out with just the two of them. Justin teased Brian about driving Mel’s Subaru, since the Corvette only had two seats, and Brian raised his collar, put on his sunglasses and Justin’s cap, pretending to hide his face behind his hands at all the red lights so as not to be recognized. It was all to make Gus laugh.


Justin loved The Jungle Book, which he had only seen on video as a child. They ate popcorn, Klondike bars, and had a great time. On the way back, in the mom mobile, they sang all the songs they could remember, Gus’s voice amazingly pure and in tune. They ate dinner at Mel and Lindz', and stayed after putting Gus to bed, talking about the commercial, the wonderful news about Justin’s expo coming up in March, and Mel’s current case load, which was not easy to handle with a little one at home.


Brian and Justin left way past eleven, and once in the Corvette, Brian asked, “Where to, Justin?” He wanted to forget Babylon and go to the hotel to spend the evening making love, but did not want to be the one to suggest it.

 

 

Justin looked at him and smiled. “Let’s go to the hotel,” he said, and Brian’s heart soared…


In the parking garage, Brian removed the roses from the trunk and gave them to Justin, who he could see was blown away by such an uncharacteristically romantic gesture.


“I love you, Sunshine,” he said. “So very much…” Justin’s eyes filled with tears and he said, “Sorry, Brian. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”


“You are overwhelmed by my charm,” said Brian, trying to make light of it.


“That must be it,” said Justin, laughing.


They kissed the entire length of the elevator ride, lucky enough for once to have it to themselves, and Justin put the roses in the ice bucket filled with water when they got to the suite before going back to their kiss. They undressed each other playfully, both very hard and ready. Brian just wanted to be inside Justin. He needed that connection, needed to reaffirm that Justin was his, and wanted to make him scream in pleasure.


Justin looked so beautiful, lying on his back, his ankles on Brian’s shoulders. Brian put on a condom, slicked it with lube, and asked, “Are you ready for me, Justin?” And Justin’s smile was like a gift, melting his heart. He pushed himself inside Justin’s warm silken velvet, closing his eyes for a moment at the perfection, and felt Justin tighten around him, as only he could.


He started moving slowly, and something was wrong. Justin was stiff and rigid instead of his soft and pliable self. Brian opened his eyes to meet panicked blue ones, as Justin was biting his lip. Justin’s erection had completely disappeared, and he was trembling.


“Justin, am I hurting you?”


Justin shook his head no, and tried to smile, rubbing himself to try to get hard again. “Move, Brian, I’m all right,” he said. “It doesn’t hurt.”


Watching Justin, Brian moved again tentatively. Justin’s trembling got worse, a pearl of red, red blood appeared on his lip and his eyes were filled with fear. Brian pulled out immediately and took Justin in his arms, holding him, caressing him.


“There, Justin, it’s all right, everything’s all right…” and Justin just burst into tears, his sobs tearing at Brian’s heart.


‘I did this, he thought. I did this. I raped him. I broke him. I destroyed the most beautiful thing in our life.’


He was holding Justin against his heart, like a child, rocking him, as Justin wailed in utter misery. “Oh, my love, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I love you, Justin… I love you…”


“I… love you… too… Bri… Brian. I’m… sor…sorry. I rui…. ruined everything. I want you to co… come. I nee… need you to… to come…” and once more, Justin started sobbing, hiding his face in his hands.


“Justin, it doesn’t matter. There’s no hurry. We’ll take it slow. I just want to hold you, I just want to love you. I’m yours, forever. I hurt you. It’s not your fault. I hurt you. I’m sorry…”


Brian held him and rocked him for a very long time, Justin’s sobs quieting. Brian thought maybe he had fallen asleep. But after a while, Justin sat up and pushed him down on the bed. He wiped his face on the sheet, and then kissed Brian’s belly, caressed his thighs, his balls. Brian’s cock had softened but now responded to the caresses.


“You don’t have to do this, Justin,” said Brian.


Justin looked at him, tears still leaking from his eyes, and a tremulous smile on his lips. “I want to,” he said. “I need to. Please.”


He took Brian in his mouth, and no matter that Brian felt like a murderer, no matter that he wished so very much that he could pleasure Justin instead, it was Justin’s mouth on him, Justin who had always known exactly how to please him, exactly how to love him. Justin pulled off and looked at him, his smile more real this time. “God,” he said, “I love sucking your cock.”


It was assuredly the best blowjob Justin had ever given him, and God knew there had been good ones. It lasted for what felt like an hour, and when Brian finally came he thought for sure part of his brain must have melted since he was completely incapable of coherent thoughts or speech as Justin kissed his face and neck. Once his upper brain function finally returned, Brian smiled at Justin, and kissed his way down Justin’s body. Justin’s cock was completely flaccid, and stayed that way no matter what Brian did, until Justin said, “Stop Brian, please. Please stop.”


Brian buried his nose in Justin’s soft pubic hair and breathed in the man he loved, his eyes stinging, remembering New Year’s Eve. What a difference three days made. What a difference one minute of completely gratuitous cruelty made. There was nothing he would not do to make this right. Nothing.


He lay next to Justin, on his elbow, caressing Justin’s beautiful face, his cheekbone, his lips.

 

 

“I’m going to go spend the night at Daphne’s,” said Justin, killing him. “I’ll see you tomorrow morning at the diner with everyone, OK?”


“Please, Justin. Please stay with me.” He needed to hold him, to smell his scent, to touch his skin.


Justin kissed his lips and caressed his face. “I love you, Brian. But I’m going to Daphne’s. I feel safe there. I’ll see you tomorrow.”


He got up and started dressing.


“I’ll drive you,” said Brian, sure he was going to be turned down.


“Thanks. That’ll be nice.”


Brian got up and dressed quickly. They were quiet in the car, until Justin said, “You looked beautiful today. You are so beautiful, Brian.”


They got to Daphne’s much too quickly for Brian’s taste.


“I know you didn’t want me to leave. I’m sorry. I love you very much. But I need to be here. Please forgive me.”


“There is nothing to forgive, Justin. You do what you need to do. I’ll see you tomorrow. I hope you still believe that I love you too. In a way I never would have thought possible before I met you.”


Justin smiled. “Of course I believe it. I feel it in your kiss.” He leaned over, and Brian put his hand behind Justin’s neck while they kissed, their sweet wonderful piece of heaven kiss, Justin’s mouth soft and willing and offered, his own tongue possessive, caressing, loving. It was the kiss of the painting, the kiss that had started it all.


Justin took Brian’s hand and put it on his now very hard cock. He laughed and said, “There’s hope for me yet. The love I feel in your kiss does this. We’ll be fine, won’t we?”


“Yes, Justin.” Brian smiled at him. “Everything is going to be all right.”


Justin gave him his Sunshine smile and ran up the steps. Brian waited until he was inside to head back to the hotel for another lonely night. This one was much, much worse. He had not been aware the night before of the extent of the destruction he had wrought. For the first time in over twenty years, his face buried in his pillow, he cried.


 

*****



Arriving at the diner, Brian was very annoyed to find Justin and Daphne sitting with Michael and Ben. The last thing he needed was to have to deflect Michael’s remarks. The diner had been a huge mistake, but everyone had wanted to meet there to say goodbye. Daphne got up and changed sides allowing Brian to sit next to Justin, whom he wrapped in his arms with unbelievable joy. Justin turned to him and smiled, and they kissed, a little longer than Michael had patience for apparently, since he said, “Enough already!” Justin laughed, but Brian wanted to hit him.


“If you miss each other so much,” Michael added, “why didn’t you sleep at the hotel, Justin?”


Now Brian really wanted to hit him. He was just about to say something scathing when Justin’s hand came to rest on his lap.


“Well, I’ve moved into the loft with Brian,” Justin said. “So I get to spend every night with him. I won’t be seeing Daphne for months though, so I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could. And after a night apart, the sex is sooooo good…”


Michael turned bright red while Daphne and Ben both laughed. Brian kissed Justin’s head, chuckling.


“So, you moved into the loft,” said Michael.


“Poor Brian needed help with the rent,” answered Justin, shrugging, “and since we work together, it also cuts his cab costs in half. Then I go to school, and when I come home, after a half a day apart, the sex is sooooo good…”


Ben cracked up again. Daphne pretended to look in Justin’s glass of water. “What the hell have you been drinking?” she asked, laughing.


“Sorry, Michael. I’m in a goofy mood this morning.”


“Goofy is good,” said Michael. “I like goofy. Brian needs more goofy in his life. He takes himself much too seriously.” Michael smiled at Brian. “And I am glad he finally found someone with a heart big enough to love him despite his repulsive physique. We all are better people when we’re in love, you know?” He turned to Justin. “Please tell me you’ve added some colors to that fridge he lives in.”


Justin grinned. “A bit. You can see what you think when you come to that convention.”


“It will be fun to hang out with you two in New York. Will you give us a preview of your expo?”


“You bet.”


“You guys should plan on coming to the convention at least for a little while. After staring at all those sexy superheroes in tights, the sex is sooooo good!”


They all laughed this time. Brian looked at Michael and smiled. He could never stay mad at him, and God knew whatever Michael had said a few days ago about Justin had been nothing compared to what Brian had proven to be capable of.


The girls arrived, and with them Michael’s pride and joy, and Gus. As both children joined them, the booth got pretty tight, but Brian didn’t care. Gus was on Justin’s lap. He had brought some of his drawings to show him, and Justin and he were seriously discussing perspective.


Justin had shown Gus the concept of things looking smaller the further away they were. Brian had thought it might have gone over Gus’ head, but the different sizes of the dinosaurs in his drawing demonstrated that he had perfectly understood the concept.


Justin had also showed him the general proportions of the human face. Gus had used his new knowledge to draw a portrait of Justin. Compared to the self-portrait he had given Brian, which of course Brian loved just as it was, it showed amazing improvement. At the bottom, it said, ‘i luv mi jutsin’. Brian thought it would be a sad day when Gus learned to pronounce Justin’s name right.


When the time came to say good-bye, Gus started crying, though he was trying hard to be brave. His tears just broke Brian’s heart. He was so grateful he’d come. He held his son tightly and whispered in his ear, “Daddy loves you, Sonnyboy. Daddy loves you so much.”


Gus hugged Justin too, and Justin said, “I’ll see you at the wedding, little man. It’s only a few weeks away. It will still be winter, even.”


“Will Daddy be at the wedding too, Jutsin?”


“Your Daddy works hard, Gus. Maybe, maybe not. We’ll ask him when it gets closer, OK?”


“OK. I love you, my Jutsin.”


“I love you too.”


Gus came back once again to his father’s arms. “I love you, Daddy.”


“I love you, Sonnyboy.”


They just waved at the rest of the assembly, everyone understanding that prolonging the moment would just make it harder on Gus. Once in the car, Justin started to cry. He got himself under control, and dried his eyes and blew his nose in a Kleenex from a pack in his pocket.


“I’m a complete emo wreck,” he said disgusted. “I don’t know what the fuck is wrong with me. Brandon came by to say goodbye this morning and I ended up crying on his shoulder for fifteen minutes. Thank God he takes it all with a grain of salt. And what is wrong with me, spouting all that crap to poor Michael. A good thing he is your friend and willing to cut me a bit of slack…”


“I thought you were really funny, actually” said Brian, smiling.


“Really? I wasn’t rude?”


Well it had been a tiny bit rude, but after the things Michael had insinuated about Justin at their lunch, Brian figured it was not worth mentioning. “Not at all.”


“Well. That’s a relief.”


On the plane, Justin sat in the window seat, and spent the first half hour of the flight looking silently outside. Then he turned to Brian.


“Brian?”


Brian had been looking at the same article in Time magazine the entire time, and had no clue what it was about. He had been wondering what Justin was thinking. He put the magazine away and turned to Justin.


“Yes?”


“I…uh…I’ve been thinking.”


“About?”


“I lied. I know exactly what’s wrong with me. Why I cry all the time, and act stupid and rude, and got drunk. Why I lost it when you were inside me, and why I can’t get it up. That fucking image that replays constantly in my head. The words I hear in my sleep. I feel like such a wimp that it affected me so. I’m a fucking mess. I didn’t tell anybody, not even Daphne, I’m so ashamed. I need to get my head back on right.”


“I’m sorry, Justin. I did this to you. I’ll do anything to help you.”


“Do you mean that, Brian? Anything?”


Brian did not even hesitate. “Anything.”


“Thank you.” Justin sighed.


“What do you need, Justin. Just tell me.”


“I need time to work this out for myself. I need to do this on my own. I need you to stay completely out of my life for a while so I can face this and conquer it on my own terms. Can you do that?”


This was his test. He had said, ‘Anything’ and meant it. Yet his answer was the hardest thing he’d ever had to say.


“I love you, Justin. You love me. It’s only time. Take as long as you need.”


“Thank you,” said Justin, again. He kissed Brian’s lips and rested his head on Brian’s shoulder for the rest of the trip. Brian put his cheek on Justin’s head, desperately trying to store the feel of his hair, the warmth of his scent.


When they got to the airport, a limo was waiting to take them to the loft. The driver wasn’t Justin’s friend, and Justin would not be coming. Brian held Justin in his arms and couldn't let go for a long time. Justin cried.

 

 

Brian said, “Please, Sunshine, please, don’t forget that I love you,” and Justin whispered, “I love you too, Brian, so much…”


And Brian was in the limo, speeding towards his empty loft, uncomprehending of how something so incredibly painful could be survived, how he could still sign the Limo’s voucher, remember his codes, turn on the lights, hang his coat when his world had ended.


He did not want to get drunk. He did not want to fuck. He did not want to get high. He wanted to go to sleep, and never wake up. He looked at the colors in the loft like a drowning man looks at a float. He would love. He would trust. He would wait for Justin for as long as it took. He wrapped himself in Justin’s colorful quilt, the one made for him by Daphne’s Grandmother, put on The Sound of Music CD, lay on the couch and started to wait.

 

Chapter 10 - Purgatory - Part 2. by Conzieu

Purgatory - Part 2



Week One.


Brian worked sixty-six hours.


On Monday, he sent the Ste. Blanche Winery file to J.Taylor through the office mail, with the due date of the following Monday circled in red.


In the next couple of days, he easily convinced the three contacts he had made at the mayoral dinner with whom he had phone interviews to join Plexus, and immediately started working on their campaigns. He also started work on the Montrose Linens campaign.


First thing Thursday morning, he met with Julie who had been assigned Montrose Linens to discuss possible ideas. Before she left, she dropped the Ste. Blanche winery file on his desk, saying, “Taylor needs some feedback.”


Brian already knew the design for the labels was perfect, but spent ten minutes admiring it nonetheless. The drawing for the cork-side was lovely. The ad design for the long and narrow vertical space inThe Wine Spectator was breathtaking. The quarter page one for Sunset Magazine was absolutely beautiful. The drawing for the cardboard boxes was simple yet attractive, perfectly reminiscent of the label without being repetitive. The double page size poster, finally, was simply exquisite: Ste. Blanche dancing in the moonlight, her crystal goblet full of wine, her long hair floating behind her, smiling at Dionysus who was watching her, enthralled by the most beautiful sight he’d ever laid eyes on, his own goblet almost empty.


Brian sent a note back down with the file through the office mail. “Perfect. Prepare boards for transport, for presentation 16 Jan. Thank You.”


He wanted to run downstairs and see Justin so badly it made his whole body itch. He wanted to tell him how beautifully brilliant the whole thing was. He wanted to kiss him senseless. Instead he called Celia Secton to invite her to lunch.


On Sunday, he received a call from Lilah. She sounded surprised though very relieved to find him at work, since she didn’t know how else to contact him. Would he meet her for coffee in the Village? The café was next to the Gallery where she would be working beginning two weeks from now. She had come in for a final interview. She was worried about Justin, and since Justin insisted he and Brian were still together…


“We are. Justin just needed a break. The Holidays were intense. How is he?”


“Well, now that he’s moved out again, I only see him at the studio at Pratt, basically.”


“When did he move out?”


“Wednesday. He was sleeping on the couch, and with him coming home drunk every night, truthfully, it’s a bit of a relief… But he is his normal self at school. He’s been painting.” And there, she looked as if she were about to cry.


“What’s wrong?” asked Brian.


“Justin had a new painting,” she explained. “It was so beautiful. He’d worked on it every night last week, and I swear, it was the best thing he had ever done. He finished it yesterday, and I loved it. Everybody loved it. I asked him what it was called, and he said, “Life is beautiful.” And you know how you can sometimes feel things from his paintings? You could. You could feel love, and trust, and fun, and hope…


“And he said, and now for the fun part. And he took his bottle of turpentine and the painting and went outside to the parking lot. I kept asking what are you doing, what are you doing?


“He sprayed the painting, and even though I begged him not to, and Rory begged him not to, he set it on fire. And he just stood there, watching it burn. I was crying, and he held me. And when I asked why he would do this, why he would destroy such a beautiful thing, he said he just wanted to know what it felt like, to take the most precious and beautiful thing you have, and destroy it, just because you can.


“When I asked him why again, he said it hadn’t helped. He still didn’t understand why. And he started to cry. Rory and I didn’t know what to do. Rory told him to come home for dinner, that we all knew something was wrong, and we loved him, and to hang and talk to us. But he just said, thanks, but what he needed was to get good and drunk. And he left. I ended up putting all of his stuff away.”


“Lilah, do you know where he is staying?”


“No.”


“Thanks for calling me. You have to promise me something, though. Do not tell Justin you talked to me. He needs to work through something, and he asked me to stay out of it, to let him handle it his way. And I am. Be his friend when he needs you, be supportive. But Justin is strong. He's gone through a lot in his life. If he needs help, he’ll ask for it. Give him some time.”


Lilah nodded. “Even though he’s been drinking in the evening, he’s been sober and on time to class, and he’s working hard. Andrew said to let it go for now, but that we should have an intervention if it starts messing up his school, or his work. Is he OK at work?”


“I have heard no complaints, and what he puts out is brilliant. Just give him time.”


Brian went home, and looked at his painting. That Justin would deliberately destroy something like that was unfathomable. But that had been his point, hadn’t it. To see what it felt like to destroy the most beautiful, precious thing in the world, just because you can. Brian knew all about that. He could have told him and saved the painting: You hated yourself, and you wanted to die.


Week 2


Brian worked 71 hours, counting the trip to Washington State.


The boards for Ste. Blanche were waiting for him on Monday morning at 6:30, inside their reinforced carrier bag, along with the golf bag like container for the aluminum easels. Everything was in perfect order.


He took Celia Secton out to a small Thai place he liked. He thanked her for her help at the dinner. She had played a big role in making their fishing expedition a success. She adored the freshwater pearl bracelet he gave her, with the emerald clasp (picked by Cynthia, of course). Her eyes lit up, and she clapped her hands. When he had first met her, and disliked her on sight, he had thought all these childish behaviors to be affectations. Now that he knew her better, and had been on the receiving end of her spontaneous support, he realized that they were not an affectation but a true reflection of her childlike approach to life. He now found them quite endearing.


They had a wonderful lunch and he had nothing to gain from it. He knew very well why he was doing this. He was being kind to her for Justin. Because being kind made him feel closer to the man he loved. Brian went back to the office reflecting on the fact that, as unlikely as it could have seemed at first, Celia Secton might even truly be becoming a friend.


Looking at his desk he had a vision of Justin, displayed, a condom in his mouth, and choked back a sob even as he got instantly hard.


Where was he living? What was he doing when not at work? Was he painting again? Did he keep his paintings now? What was he doing to get better?


Brian called Sam.


“Brian here.”


“What’s up?”


“How is Justin doing?”


“Are you checking on his hangover as his boyfriend, or on his work as his boss?”


“Both.”


“Well, I’m glad you guys are partying less. I know you can take it in stride and look like a rose come morning, but last week the poor kid was looking a bit rough around the edges. This morning is not so bad. Just a headache I think. Workwise, well, you have the Ste. Blanche stuff. It doesn’t get much better than that, though what he’s putting out for Alan and that kid’s clothing store, ABClothes, is fucking brilliant. So it’s all good from here.”


“Great.”


“You know, I wasn’t sure if you were going to pull it off, but you guys sure know how to be discreet. If I didn’t know, I’d never guess, that’s for sure.”


The irony weighed heavily on Brian for the rest of the day.


The trip to Ste. Blanche was a complete success. By a miracle never to be explained, Cynthia and he benefited from magnificent sunny weather during their entire visit.


The presentation completely changed the image the Ste. Blanche winemakers had of their own product. Here was an adman from Pittsburgh (the man who had done the Clearlife commercial, no less!), who loved their wine so much he had cold called them to design a campaign worthy of their product. They were completely in love with Ste. Blanche as pictured by Justin, and could not wait to print the new labels. Brian told them repeatedly the name of the young designer, just to hear the sound of it.


Cynthia loved the waterfalls, and the luxury lodge. She managed to drag Brian to the Pike’s Place Market, though he insisted he only really wanted to see the original Starbucks Café with the mermaid on the front actually showing her tits. Justin would love her. He took a picture with his phone to show him, when he came home. Please God, let it be soon.


Week 3


Brian worked sixty-seven hours. He got in the habit of getting to the Gym as soon as it opened, as well, spending another couple hours out of the loft every day.


He went to Essengy every night, and hid out at the third story bar. On Thursday, finally, Justin came, and danced alone for two hours. He drank only water, and when a guy got fresh, slapped down his arm, hard. Brian feasted his eyes on him, hardly blinking so as not to waste a second of the sight of the graceful lithe body, loving him so much. Justin looked so thin. Was he not eating? Was he back at the brownstone? Had he been sick again? When he left, minutes after Justin had, Jeremy stopped him.


“Good to see you, Mr. Kinney. Apparently Justin must feel the same, eh?”


“What do you mean?”


“God, last two weeks he came five times when you weren’t here. He didn’t even dance, and you know how he loves to dance, and when he left, three times he was so drunk I put him in a cab myself, even though he insisted on taking the subway. I’d never known him to drink. It’s real good to see you back. If you want, I’ll call you when he comes. No charge. And I won’t tell him either. I hate to see him depressed like he was.”


“Thanks, Jeremy. Yes. Please call. But the same deal as before. Just please, seriously, don’t tell him, OK?”


“OK.”


Did it mean that Justin had stopped drinking and was dancing again, or was it an aberration? Did that mean he was getting better? Did that mean he was coming home, soon?


Brian attended Alan’s presentation of the fall campaign for ABClothes. (The garment industry schedule was six month ahead of the actual time, since their collections were always three months ahead.) He was selling it as a “reality campaign.” Apparently a young designer in the Plexus Art Department and the makeup artist had painted the kids' faces, then organized a treasure hunt for dinosaur eggs in Central Park while the photographer snapped away.


The kids were having a blast, the clothes proved that they could take the strain, and the view of New York in the background was a fantastic plus. The last few shots displayed exhausted happy children in clothes they had worn all day, except tor the one in the blue hoody, which almost touched the ground. His clothes were drying on a stick, since he’d fallen in the duck pond.


The Art department had digitally added fall foliage from last year to the trees, and used computer enhancements to change the cold January light to the golden one of a fall afternoon. The ABClothes’ representative was in heaven. This ad was going to beat the hell out of the Gap’s and Benetton’s usual paltry offerings, and make moms feel good about their kids, not wonder why they didn’t look and behave like perfect little miniature adults.


Stupidly, at the sight of that blue hoody, Brian’s throat had closed. He could imagine Justin in the park with the kids, in his white undershirt, playing like he did with Gus. He missed him so completely, a physical ache, a constant weight on his heart, a sadness that he couldn’t shake.


As had become his pathetic habit, Brian dragged a futon in front of The Kiss that night, put Justin’s sweats under his head, and wrapped himself up in Justin’s quilt and went to sleep.



Week 4


Brian worked sixty-eight hours.


On Wednesday night, he received a call from Jeremy as he was walking in the door of the loft. He put on some jeans and a long sleeve T and went to watch Justin dance for a couple of hours. He looked so beautiful. He’d had a haircut, and did not look as thin. Some guy flirted with him, and Justin danced with him for a while, but when the man talked to him, no doubt asking him to go to the lounge, Justin shook his head no. The guy insisted a little, and Justin left him to go have some water, then went back to dancing in another area. He left alone and sober, and when Brian left, Jeremy called him a cab with a smile.


Brian just happened to be in Jason Kintzer’s office’s neighborhood, and sitting at noon at a table in the only kosher restaurant around, when surprisingly he ran into Jason himself.


“Mr. Kinney, eating matzo ball soup! Who knew you were a connoisseur of Jewish cuisine!” Jason sat across from him without asking. “Our boy is painting well, isn’t he? I think his last one is especially nice.” He took a bite of egg salad sandwich. “He had me worried there for a while. Did you see the one he wanted out immediately or he was going to burn it? Such a drama queen…” Jason chuckled.


“No, I didn’t. What was that about?”


“Oh, at the beginning of the month he calls me and says, come see this painting right now, please. Can you believe that? So of course, I go, because what can I say? It’s this heartbreaking thing that I can’t even describe. And he says to me, can you sell this, and I say yes, it’s amazing. And he says, take it away then and sell it. I never want to see it again. And I say, you don’t want it in your show? And he says, if I see it again, I’ll burn it. He meant it too. This friend of his says to me as I'm leaving, he’s burned one already… I sold it for 8000. They still have to pick it up. You want to see it?”


“Definitely.”


After lunch, they walked back to Jason’s office. From a storage closet, not unlike those at Pratt, he pulled out a painting, 4 by 4 feet, and put it on an easel.


Brian shivered. It was there if you knew what to look for, though so stylized as to be unrecognizable otherwise. The colors, the lighting were those of his bedroom at the loft, the opened bathroom door dividing the background vertically into a black half and a white half. Horizontally in the foreground were stripes, innocent enough unless you knew what you were looking at: a belt, the light reflecting off the buckle, parallel to the bulge of an erection in black jeans, above the dark grey of his sheets. And there, bright red, a ripped out heart. No, no one but Justin and he would know what those parallel lines were, nor that strange red flower in the grey foreground.


Brian took a step back and let himself feel. Betrayal, pain, rage, sorrow, loss, shame, and deeper, pain again, terrible sadness, desire for death and oblivion, and shame again. Brian was shocked and horrified. This is what Justin felt, every time that scene replayed in his mind. Was this his way to exorcise it?


“Heartbreaking, isn’t it. Thank god that phase is over, I have pictures of two of his latest that he showed me yesterday. Here, take a look.”


Pictures never did Justin’s art justice, but Brian could feel hope and love and celebration and pleasure and fun from the first. He looked at the back. It said, New Year’s Eve.


The second one was so obviously sexual, with desire, and pleasure, and orgasm all over it he was surprised Jason could look at it with this benign expression on his face, then he remembered that he could read Justin’s painting better than most.


It did not have a title. Well, at least Justin had sex on his mind. It had been a month. Never since he was fourteen had Brian gone that long without sex. Three days, perhaps, if he were sick? Though he honestly did not remember any such time....


His body craved Justin’s. He dreamed of him every night, woke up covered in spunk every morning. But he missed his Sunshine’s smile, his laugh, his kindness, his voice even more than sex. He hated not knowing where he was, what he did, if he was happy or sad, what he thought of this or that.


“Justin is working on two new ones right now, and finishing two others, and he wants me to come next Monday to see them all. He says he’ll be done for sure by then, and that one of them is a surprise… He has no idea, you know, that I don’t just drop everything and go see my artists’ art. And I don’t know why I never tell him. He calls, I come running.”


Kintzer laughed. “Maybe because he has given my mother a new lease on life. She's out there having fun these days, not at home smoking too much and waiting to meet her Arthur in heaven. She has joined a theater group, can you believe it? She is great, of course. Well, I assume you are here for the modeling agency, right? Not for the Matzo ball soup. I’ll let you get back to business.”


“Kintzer?”


“Yes?”


“Please don’t mention to Justin that you saw me. He likes to tell me about his art himself, in his own time. I’ve just been so curious lately.”


“Don’t worry. His expo is in two months. I can see how you would be curious, and he can be all hush-hush with his stuff, like that surprise of his. I can tell he’s excited. My lips are sealed.”


“Thanks.”


Friday night he got a call from Jeremy again. He was still at the office. He had been working seven days a week close to ten hours a day for a while now. He ate all three meals there, whatever Cynthia presented him with. She knew something was very wrong, but kept her mouth shut. Coffee would be on her desk when she arrived, and Brian walked her down when she left. She just made sure he ate some protein, and watched him make money for the firm at an impressive rate. If she met or sometimes even talked to Justin, she never mentioned it.


Brian went to the gym and quickly changed into casual clothes. He had been working out everyday, sometimes twice, before work and at lunch. The steam room, he had not visited in a long time.


At Essengy, Justin was not alone. He was dancing with Todd. They were being really silly, having a great time. They were also affectionate towards one another, Todd putting his arm around Justin’s shoulders comfortably as they drank at the bar. Justin putting his arms around Todd’s neck to tell him something while they danced. They didn’t kiss, or go to the back room, but to Brian's chagrin they did leave together.


As he himself left, it suddenly occurred to him where Justin had been staying. He was at Todd’s, of course. They had behaved as close friends, not as lovers. Justin had moved there as soon as Todd had returned from Pittsburgh. It all made sense.


Sunday, Brian was almost alone in the office. On a whim, he decided to call Brandon. Their last contact had not been friendly, but he needed to talk to someone who knew what had happened.


“Brandon”


“Hey. It’s Brian.”


“… Brian. How are you holding up?”


Brandon knew. Brandon knew Justin was at Todd’s of course. He knew they were apart, he knew why. It was such a relief. Apparently, he also cared…


“I’m working a lot. Keeping busy.”


“Must be hard. You fucked up but I know how much you love him.”


Brian had been pacing in his office. He suddenly sat down, feeling exhausted.


“I miss him so fucking much… Brandon, remember New Years Eve? Sometimes I wonder if it even really happened.”


Brandon chuckled. “Yes, Brian, it happened. You ate Justin’s ass for like an hour, and then fucked him. Then he fucked you, and you blew him at the club and you fucked him in the lounge and you growled at all the tricks who came too close, ‘My Sunshine, find your own.’ I’d never seen a guy so in love. And the next day, Justin moved in, and those together, Justin thinks, were the best times of his life.”


“I destroyed it all. In one fucking moment, I destroyed everything.”


“… Brian? Don’t think that. I’m talking to you, aren’t I? We all make mistakes. Yours was …pretty spectacular, and had consequences you did not intend. Even I know that. But you are doing the right thing now. You are giving him what he needs, and fuck knows it has to be hard. I’d say you’re paying for your mistake and more. Concentrate on the good times, Brian. Learn from your mistake, and move on.”


“Brandon? Thanks for talking to me. Life has felt so… surreal. It’s nice to have a reality check.”


“Yeah, well. You may be a prick, but a man I have deep feelings for loves you like crazy, so I guess you must be all right. Plus truthfully, a guy who enjoys eating ass as much as you do deserves special consideration.”


Brian laughed, and it sounded strange. He realized he had not laughed in a month.


Week 5


Brian worked forty-six hours.


On Monday, Brian received the mock-ups for the diaper commercial, an account he had snagged at the mayoral dinner. Diapers were not glamorous, but, like other essential items, were something you did not have to convince people they needed. What you did have to do was get them to pick your diapers over everyone else’s, including the no names ones which were twice as cheap…


He had send down a suggestion of babies talking about how good their diapers felt. Sam had apparently assigned the case to Justin. What would become the commercial, Justin had presented as a cartoon. He had changed the idea of newborns talking to ‘just barely walkers’ talking. He had a dozen young toddlers standing around in their diapers as if attending a party. They held bottles in their hands instead of glasses, and “talked” like snobbish adult.


“Did you hear about poor Adamson? Leaked all over Santa’s lap?”


“ [laugh]. I laugh, but it must have been mortifying.”


“Low quality diapers. There should be a law…”


“A least some regulations. Look at me: I can touch my toes, toddle around, crouch, in short, do my job as the future leader of America, and all without any worries.”


“None?”


“Not a one. I use Greenbabies. And none of that pesky environmental concern. Biodegradable! You have got to love it…”


The whole thing was hilarious. It would be expensive. Hours upon hours of filming would be needed to get the right expressions on the babies’ faces, the right movements. Then there would be a huge amount of time needed to do the montage. They would need actors for the voice-overs, and all those babies, who could only “work” forty-five minutes at a stretch, would also cost a fortune. But in the end, it would be so worth it…


He wrote a note. “Excellent (and funny). Please expand, refine and colorize for 6 boards for presentation to client 9 Feb. Get cost estimate. Thank you. I love you.” He sighed and deleted the last three words before printing and adding the note to the interoffice envelope.


Tuesday, Jeremy caught him at the office again; he changed clothes and went to Essengy. From his usual observation spot, he got to see his beautiful love. Alone, eyes closed, shirtless, glitter on his body. He wanted him so badly; he was hard as a rock. Justin looked so incredibly fuckable. God, he missed that ass. Over a month without sex. He was practically salivating.


Then, Todd and Brandon were there suddenly, dancing, joking and having a great time with Justin. He should be down there with them, he should be joking and dancing, and hugging the man he loved. It was just like New Year’s, except that he was up on the third floor, hiding, and watching the fun from above. He would give his left nut to go back in time and be that happy again, be part of it instead of a distant observer. He couldn’t stand it. He left.


Once at the loft, he allowed himself something he had not before. He lay down naked on his bed, and jerked off thinking of Justin. For a while, he forgot the guilt, the remorse, the shame, and just let himself enjoy the fantasy of fucking the man he loved. Face to face, with Justin’s legs around his waist. From behind, with Justin on all fours. Against the wall with Justin’s ass in his hands, from the front, with Justin’s ankles on his shoulders, folding him in half to kiss him. From behind, covering his body, jerking him off slowly. After five orgasms, he was covered in spunk and felt better than he had in a month. Having no refractory period, he could have kept going, except that his dick was getting sore. He laughed, got up, and showered.


He took The Kiss down from the wall and brought it to his bedroom, balancing it on the panels’ handles like he had before Christmas. He got the folded quilt off the couch, and spread it on his bed. He slept on a real mattress for the first time in a month, and set the alarm for six instead of four. He had the best dream, of him and Justin buying a rug together. When the alarm went off, he remembered his dream. They should. They should buy a huge colorful rug for the loft. It would complete the look, add more color. He smiled, and got ready for the day.


He left the office at the same time as Cynthia, asking her how things were going with her accountant. She smiled and answered she wouldn’t be using H&R Block this year… He laughed, and was surprised when she kissed his cheek.


“It’s good to hear you laugh, Brian,” she said.


At home, he put on his running clothes, and slipped Blake’s dance compilation CD in the player to run to. He smiled, remembering moving day, and Justin wanting to hang his art first. He was just getting into the run, after the first two miles, when his phone rang. He was tempted to let the machine take it, but he had missed two calls from Gus, so he stopped the treadmill, turned down the music with the remote and picked up.


“Kinney.”


“Hey.”


“Justin? Justin! God, Justin! How are you?”


“Uh… Brian. It’s been over a month, and I was wondering if…if you were getting tired of my stuff everywhere, and if maybe you wanted me to take it out.”


“Justin, this is your home. Your stuff belongs here. Even if you were gone a year, it would belong here. Take as long as you need. I meant it.”


“Oh, good. I’m really glad you feel that way because… I’m ready to come home.”


“…When? When are you coming home?”


The front door opened, and Justin was standing there, the phone to his ear.


“How about right now?” he said walking in with a smile that could have lit up the entire island of Manhattan.


Brian hung up the phone, devouring Justin with his eyes.


“Now’s good,” he said.


Then he had an armful of Justin, who was kissing the hell out of him and pushing him towards the bedroom, and dropping whatever piece of clothing he managed to take off onto the floor. By the time they made it to the bed, Justin stopped the kiss and ripped off his remaining clothing. Brian was out of his running clothes in seconds, and they were naked, skin on skin, and it felt so good Brian almost came.


“Fuck, Brian, if your cock is not in my ass in five seconds, I might die.”


Brian grabbed a condom, slicked it abundantly, added some lube to Justin’s hole, and with Justin’s ankles on his shoulders, pushed slowly in. Justin opened up for him, his eyes glowing with love and lust, and closed tight around him once he was in. “Fuck me, Brian, fuck me now!”


Brian started moving and thought he would lose his mind it felt so good. He was inside Justin, he was fucking a very horny Justin. He was looking at the most beautiful man he had ever seen, and had his cock in his ass. Justin, flushed a delicate pink by arousal, was meeting his thrusts, bucking his hips, panting, mewling, wanting more. Brian complied, fucking him hard and fast, concentrating on giving Justin pleasure so he himself would not lose it and come.


“Good! Good! So fucking good! I love it. I love it when you fuck me, Brian. I love it, I love you, I love you, Brian, I’ve missed you so much, so fucking much, fuck, I’m gonna come…” and he did, an amazing amount of come, just spurting again and again from his untouched cock, while Justin’s whole body convulsed in pleasure. It was the most beautiful sight Brian had ever seen, and he watched the blissful look on Justin’s face as he pumped in and out two more times before erupting in long jets of come inside the condom, his whole body shaking in ecstasy.


He collapsed on the bed and they laughed, totally giddy with the post coital glow, the joy of being together and the love that threatened to burst their hearts.


Justin looked at him with that amazing smile. “I have missed you so much, Brian. I am so glad to be home.”


“Life without you is just not any fun, Justin. Let’s not do it again. Let’s be together, and happy, and fuck a lot.”


“Good plan,” said Justin, “and now, I am going to eat your ass.”


He flipped Brian over as if he weighed nothing and pulled him on his knees. Brian was shaking in anticipation, and bit his lip to hold back anything more than a moan when Justin's tongue licked his hole again and again in broad swipes. Then this hot, wet pointy little thing was up his ass, driving him positively insane with pleasure, Justin had obviously acquired a taste for his ass during his last foray in that region because if he kept on like that, Brian would surely die of pleasure, but what a way to go.


Justin was making the most arousing slurping sounds, and Brian could feel him suck on his ass, and realized he was also making a lot of noise and didn’t care. The tongue fucking was brilliant, and his mind started going, all superior brain function stopping to increase the capacity for appreciation of the signals his ass was sending him.


He couldn’t believe it when the doorbell sounded.


“Don’t you dare move,” said Justin, and Brian heard him buzz in whomever it was without asking anything.


Thirty seconds later, Justin’s tongue was in his hole again and he didn’t give a fuck if Justin had just buzzed in the Pope. He was lost in pleasure, floating on an island of bliss and he started craving more, wanting to be fucked, picturing Justin's gorgeous cock in his mind. It took him a minute to remember to vocalize his thought. “Cock, cock,” and he growled in satisfaction when the proof that he had been understood pushed into him. “Gooood.”


Justin was fucking him nice and deep, pulling almost all the way out every time, that big cockhead of his giving his rim a delicious stretch, and sliding over his prostate so as to drive him mad. Then Justin’s slick hand grasped his cock, and Justin was kissing his back, and he exploded in pleasure, coming with a raspy cry, feeling Justin’s cock pulse in his ass.


Justin collapsed on top of him, and it was so good. His Sunshine was home, squishing the air out of him. He laughed out of sheer happiness, and after Justin gently and slowly pulled out, turned over to hold him and kiss him. The painting was still at the foot of the bed, and it was amazing to experience the kiss and see it on the canvas, feeling it twice. They had been making out for a while when he noticed that Todd was next to them, fucking Brandon face to face.


Justin was looking at him with a smile. “I love you, Brian. I love you.”


Brian smiled back. “I love you, Sunshine, so much.” He took a deep breath, feeling free and completely happy, as Justin’s love was all around him, the blue eyes, cloudless and smiling telling him they were both whole, and together and that the breach was healed and the magic was back.


To be continued...


Chapter 11 - Dichotomy. by Conzieu

Dichotomy



Justin ran for his life giggling madly, taking refuge behind the kitchen island. Brian, a feral smile on his lips said, “You can run, little Sunshine, but you can’t hide…” and he made a dash around the island. Justin squealed and escaped to the couch, intending on circling it when Brian came after him.


Just minutes ago, Brian had been lying on his belly in bed, admiring the Ste. Blanche ad in the February issue of The Wine Spectator. Two feet of fresh snow had fallen since the morning, the perfect excuse to stay in all day, naked, reading the Sunday paper, doing the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle together (or at least attempting to…), fucking, talking, working side by side on laptops, making love, napping, eating Justin’s latest low fat high protein creation, watching a movie…


Justin had been in the living room, watching the colors of the sunset on the fresh snow, and describing them to Brian. He had quietly opened the window and collected fresh snow in his cupped hands. Grinning like a fiend, he had then gone into the bedroom, casually continuing their conversation, and had dumped the icy stuff in the shallow of Brian’s lower back.


Which is why he was now in front of the couch, ready to dash away from Brian who was coming at him in long unhurried strides, looking every inch the sexy predator. Justin realized his miscalculation when instead of contouring the couch, Brian just effortlessly leaped over it, tackling him onto the gorgeous new colorful rug that covered more than half of the loft’s hardwood floor.


“Suffer rug burns, or get on the bed and submit to your punishment, Justin… Your choice,” said Brian smiling, holding both of Justin’s hands above his head, and bending down to kiss his willing mouth. Justin had been hard throughout the chase, and now he felt precome welling up from his cock.


“Bed, please…” Rug burns were so unsightly.


Brian let go of his hands and Justin walked ahead of him back to their bed, wiggling his bum enticingly, making Brian chuckle. He received a loud slap on his ass for his trouble, and felt his cock stiffen further.


Brian had had the presence of mind to roll off the bed so the snow was dumped on the floor, and not the sheets. He grabbed the hand towel from the bathroom rack to absorb the water, and then turned to the bed, where Justin was meekly sitting on his heels, awaiting his “punishment” trying not to smile.


“I think you deserve a good spanking, don’t you?” asked Brian, his hands on his hips, his erection looking very tempting to Justin.


Justin nodded, trying not to giggle. Brian sat on the edge of the bed.


“Across my lap, Sunshine,” ordered Brian, grabbing the tube of lube and a condom, apparently in preparation.


Justin placed himself across his lap, his cock squeezed between Brian's thigh and his own stomach; he wiggled a bit, making himself comfortable, and enjoying the sensations, curving his spine to put his ass even more up in the air. He was surprised to hear the sound of the cap of the lube being flicked opened, and shivered a little when Brian put a blob of it in his crack.


“Does it feel cold, Sunshine? Ohhh. Sorry. You should try a pound of snow on the small of your back…” Smack!


Justin jumped and squealed. The open hand smack had surprised him, but spread on both his cheeks and not very hard, it didn’t really hurt. He wiggled his ass invitingly.


“Your ass is so gorgeous, Justin. I love the way my hand just, smack! bounces right off.”


On the lower part of his ass, hitting his upper thigh as well, the light but firm slap felt good.


Smack! Smack! Smack! Alternating cheeks and full bum, and then Brian's finger was circling his entrance, probing lightly past the sensitive ring. It felt wonderful.


Smack! Smack! Down low again, the gentle slaps were very arousing and a knuckle up his ass going in and out quickly, made him ache for more.


Smack! Smack! Smack! A whole finger fucking him, caressing his prostate. So good…


Smack! Smack! The slaps were light enough not to hurt, just sting a little, and his whole ass felt deliciously warm and sensitive. Then two fingers went in, fucking him, drumming lightly on his prostate. He started to arch his ass up and down to vary the pressure on his cock.


The next smack was a lot harder, and Brian said, “Lie on the bed, on your back, and spread your legs.”

 

 

Justin obeyed eagerly. The finger fucking resumed, and Brian took the head of Justin's cock in his mouth, suckling on it, driving Justin positively mad with delight. He was seconds from coming when Brian stopped. Justin whined in distress.


“What are you going to wear to the wedding?” asked Brian.


“What? Uh…Clothes? Please Brian, I was so…”


“I think we should go shopping and buy you something… nice.”


“Ok. Whatever you want. Please…”


Brian swallowed him to the root, and started finger fucking him again. Justin sighed with ease before feeling his orgasm build and build again to that point of no ret… Brian stopped again. Justin keened in misery.


“I wonder what Emmett is going to wear. Do you suppose they are going to do the black tux/white tux thing?”


“Uh…I. Oh, Brian, can we talk about that later I was very clo…”


Brian took the head of his cock in again, and swiped his tongue under the rim, on that special spot that made Justin actually see the pleasure like a red flower blooming inside his lids. The fingers were back in his ass caressing his prostate lightly, and he was finally trembling, that close to reaching his climax when Brian stopped everything and sat up.


“I can’t imagine Emmett will be that tacky. He has great taste really.”


Desperate, Justin grabbed his cock to bring himself off, but Brian stopped him.


“Did you actually think the spanking was the punishment?” Brian asked, laughing. “You enjoy that way too much…”


“Brian, please, I beg you,” pleaded Justin, finally seeing Brian’s evil plan.


“You are so cute when you are desperate.” Brian lay down, his hands behind his head. “All right. You may ride my cock. But don’t touch yourself.”


Justin grinned at him and sank down on Brian's gorgeous cock with a sigh of relief. It felt so good. He started moving up and down, fucking himself on Brian, canting his hips so the tip bumped into his prostate followed by the entire length gliding along it. He closed his eyes to visualize white explosions at each thrust.


“Look at me, look at me, Justin…”


Justin opened his eyes and looked at Brian, whose body was covered in a sheen of sweat.


“You are so fucking beautiful, Sunshine.”


Justin leaned forward to rest on the bed and lifted off Brian until the head of his cock was between the two rings of muscles at his entrance, and started moving up and down very fast, using the spring of the mattress to keep it going. When Brian started panting, he pushed himself all the way down and up again, several times, before resuming his short fucking strokes at the entrance.


“Oh, yeah, Justin, oh, God, that’s so good…Do it again, oh, yeah, fuck…”


Justin knew Brian really was enjoying it. It was unlike him to be so loquacious.


“Touch yourself, now Justin, play with your cock…”


This meant Brian was close and wanted them to come together. He himself had been floating on that knife edge, each motion on the verge of sending him spiraling from incredible pleasure to full on orgasm. He knew what Brian liked to see. He slicked his hand, and grabbed his cock bellow the head, and pulled until it slipped through his fist, and pushed again until the head popped out above his fingers. Fuck, it felt so good, added to his going up and down on BrianÂ’s cock, he didn’t have more than a couple of tugs in him before he would start spraying come all over Brian…


“Justin…Justin…” Brian bucked his hips as he came into the condom, deep in Justin’s ass. That was all it took for Justin. It felt as if his orgasm started from his feet, through his tingly ass, up his arm to his hand and back again through his balls and out his cock, spraying Brian’s chest. It was so fucking good. God… He loved that man.


He was always amazed that, as often as they had sex, he never seemed to run out of spunk. He lifted himself gently, removed and tied Brian’s condom, and collapsed onto the bed, his head on Brian's shoulder, his arm across his chest and his leg over Brian’s.


Brian reached for the towel next to the bed and wiped the come off his belly and chest, wiped under the arm Justin had raised off his chest, and threw it back on the floor. He wrapped his Sunshine in his arms in a way that made Justin feel loved and cherished. They both sighed at the same time and chuckled.


After a few minutes of relaxed quiet Brian said, “…Dichotomy, Neither here nor there in 9 letters is dichotomy.”


“Oh, good,” said Justin ironically, “now I can sleep tonight!”


“You are just jealous of my post coital brilliance…”


“I’m actually much more interested in your in coitus brilliance.”


“And?”


“It’s blinding. You are more than a brilliant fuck. You are a blinding fuck. I may have to start wearing shades to bed, or soon I’ll need a white cane.”


They both started laughing at the ridiculousness he was spouting out. They were quiet for a few minutes, and Brian said, “Well, your smile is blinding…” and they were laughing again.


“I don’t want to move, but I have to get up and eat something. Are you eating tonight?”


“I’ll get up with you and have an apple.”


Justin had stopped worrying about how little Brian ate. First because he ate a little more now that he drank a little less, and second because, according to Brian, his last check up had shown him to be as healthy as a horse.


“Justin, look in the booze cupboard. I’ve got a surprise for you.”


“Yeah?” Justin opened the door to find a Krispy Kreme bag with two doughnuts between the Absolut and the Laphroig. He was instantly salivating. He got the bag out, a huge smile on his face, and kissed Brian’s cheek. He got out a glass of milk and while Brian savored every bite of his tart apple, he devoured his doughnuts. One was glazed (his absolute favorite) the other chocolate (his second favorite).


“How did you know which one to buy?”


“I talked to Daphne.”


“She never told me!”


“I bought her silence.”


“How much?”


“A round trip ticket to Portland Maine on February thirteenth.”


“Oh, my god, Brian! Thank you… She wanted to come so badly and she wouldn’t let me buy her a ticket… How did you convince her?”


“I just send her a non-refundable ticket. When she called to yell at me and thank me, I asked her about the doughnuts.”


Justin smiled. So like Brian, to do something so nice and pretend it was a bribe. Justin had not asked if Brian was going. He knew how Brian felt about gay marriage.


Justin wasn’t quite sure how he felt. On one hand he wanted gays and lesbians to have the same rights as everyone else. On the other he did not see why gays should have to acquiesce to heterosexual rules. Wasn’t one of the main origins of marriage the protection of children? Within the enforced sanctity of marriage, a man could be insured of the paternity of his offspring, and a woman could make him accountable for their support.


Gays did not have offspring. They were not obsessed with monogamy and fidelity to the same extent as heterosexuals. Why did they need marriage, especially when in the last century the old fashioned institution had turned into such a colossal failure?


If a couple desired the public acknowledgment of their relationship and commitment, wasn’t a commitment ceremony actually more significant? What was left that a husband could get but a partner could not? You could inherit, get insurance, share finances, buy a mortgage together nowadays… so what was the point of jumping on the marriage boat when 50% of the flotilla would end up sinking anyway?


He was going to the wedding for three main reasons: He had been invited: Emmett, a friend, and his partner had expressed the desire for his presence at their celebration. Gus would be there, and he missed the little boy. The party would be a joyous get together of a bunch of people he really cared about. None of these had anything to do with his feelings about the institution, and he was not about to give them up to make a political point. Was Brian?”


“Do you have a gift for them?”


OK. That was four. Four times that Brian had brought up the wedding in the last hour. He obviously wanted to talk about it. Why he didn’t come straight out and say so was part of the Brian Kinney charm.


“Not sure.”


“How can you not be sure? Either you do or you don’t.”


“Well, they registered at the Pottery Barn…”


Brian snorted.


“… And I saw a huge bread dough bowl on their list that I like and is in my price range,”


“How much?”


“$169 on sale.”


Brian looked as if he was trying not to laugh.


“What?”


“Just picturing Drew, with a frilly apron. Making bread. Naked. I’d pay $169 to see that…” He had a gleeful smile on his face.


“You’re evil.”


“I’m sweet. What’s the other choice?”


“Well, I have this painting… I think they would like it. It’s beautiful, color-wise, and hopeful, you know? I painted it when I was about climbing the walls with wanting you, waking up every morning covered in spunk… “ He leaned over and kissed Brian, just because he could. Being apart from him had been such hell. “So you would probably feel that loud and clear, but I think most people would see it as a celebration of love… Appropriate for a wedding. But it’s a bit weird giving people a homemade gift, no?”


“Justin, one of your paintings is not exactly like a knitted oven mitt!”


“I know, but if they hate it they can’t return it…”


“Hm… A $ 169 bread bowl they can return for store credit, or a Justin Taylor original they can resell for $ 4000… Difficult choice, Justin…”


“Well, I suppose if you look at it like that. But they might feel compelled to keep it.”


“And if they do, their kids can sell it for ten times that and go to college…”


“You think they’ll have kids?”


“Is that going to influence your decision about the gift?”


“…No. I was just wondering.”


“Shouldn’t you be keeping all your paintings for your expo, though?”


“I have been pretty productive, actually… so I don’t think it will be a problem.”


“Will you have to sell The Colors of my Heart?”


“I… Uh… I have another one I really like that I want to put here instead. It’s almost finished. In total I have eleven ready to sell unless I give one to Emmett and Drew, four I could put in the expo as not for sale, and I have four more going… And I still have a month and a half. I think it’ll be fine.”


Justin really wanted for Brian to come see his new paintings, but felt strangely shy about it. Of the four, three had mostly been painted while they were apart. “Jason is coming tomorrow to see four new ones… Do you want to come?”


Brian looked at him and rolled in his lips. Justin, thinking that meant that he didn’t, was trying to hide his disappointment when Brian answered, “More than anything. It means so much to me that you should want me to see the work you did while we were apart.”


Justin wondered what he meant. Brian took him in his arms. “Remember The Face of God? You told me you could hide nothing from me. When I was missing you, so much, I thought if only I could see your paintings, I would know. If you still loved me. If you could ever completely trust me again. If things could ever be as they had been.”


Justin’s heart was beating hard. To know that Brian had had these kinds of doubts, and had still waited for him was amazing. Not so long ago, Brian would have written him off and moved on, not because he wanted to, as much as because that way he would not risk being hurt when Justin left him…


Brian had said things: ‘Anything’, ‘As long as you need’, and had meant them, and had kept his word no matter how much he hurt. Justin was in awe of what it revealed of Brian’s feelings for him. Brian was resting his forehead on Justin’s, holding him wrapped in his arms. How had Justin been able to stay away as long as he had?


He pulled Brian into a kiss, running the tip of his tongue over the gorgeous lips. Through his upper one he could feel Brian's misaligned front tooth that gave such charm to his smile. His lips tasted of Granny Smith apple. He ran his hand through the thick fine hair. Brian would never go bald. His neck was warm and strong. Justin ran his hands down Brian’s back, up his arms. He knew how often Brian had worked out this past month. More than ever his body felt like silk on steel, his abs now almost as well defined as Todd’s. He was breathtakingly beautiful. And he was Justin’s.


He had missed touching that body, being held close by these arms, breathing the scent of that skin.


“Brian, staying away from you until I was truly ready to come home, truly myself again, was the hardest thing I have ever done. I didn’t want our relationship to change to one where you would feel compelled by guilt to take care of me because I wasn’t whole. From the start, we have been equal partners, and I never want that to change. I never want to depend on someone else, because I am too weak to stand on my own.”


Justin kissed Brian lightly, and pushed the hair away from his face, something Brian always did to him. “As lame as it may sound, I think you are the love of my life, and I don’t want anything to jeopardize our relationship. My love for you was never in question. Neither was my trust in you. I went away, to get better, so we could be as we had been.”


“How can you say your trust in me was never in question, after what I did to you?”


“How long after you left the loft did you come back to apologize?”


“About an hour.”


“Brian, people don’t call you the Asshole for nothing. You can definitely be one. I do not have any grand delusions that you are never going to be an asshole to me. Had I not needed to get up so early, you would have come home to some serious ass chewing. What you did to me was spiteful, hurtful and frankly a little pathetic. What it did to me was as much a surprise to you as to myself. You never intended to psychologically rape me.“


Justin was so glad he was able now to say the words without cringing, to remember the fear, but not feel it.


“You never apologize, and yet, about an hour after a pretty spectacular asshole moment, you were coming back to do just that. Why should I not trust you? I do not hold you responsible for the psychological damage in which your action resulted. But I do hold you responsible for being an asshole.“


He took hold of Brian’s face between his hand, making sure to make eye contact and have his attention.


“And if you ever do anything even remotely as unfair and painful as that to me again, I will kick your ass, and don’t think I can’t.” He kissed Brian's lips again. “I have a feeling, however, that the unintended repercussion of this particular asshole moment of yours might actually have made you rethink your natural tendency to hit first, hit hard, hit low and make sure to inflict the most painful wound possible. At least I hope so…“


The expression on Brian’s face told him how right he was.


Then Brian grinned and said, “Sunshine, are you threatening me with bodily harm?”


Justin grinned back. “I think if instead of being a shocked and hurt little faggot I had tackled you, tied you to our bed spread eagle and paddled your ass until you apologized, and then fucked you slowly until you forgot your name, a lot of this past month’s drama might have been avoided, don’t you?” God. How Justin wished he had had the wherewithal not to take Brian’s crap literally lying down…


“You do realize that if you expect your threats to effectively change my behavior, you should not make the punishment sound so… attractive, don’t you?”


Justin burst out laughing. “Really? You would like me to paddle your ass? With you counting, ‘One, thank you, sir. Two, thank you, sir’…” Justin was gently slapping Brian’s small cheeks along with his words.


“I am quite sure I would hate that part of it. But the slow fuck until I forget my name somehow makes up for it…”


“Really. Would you like to try it? We could just skip the paddling and go straight to the fucking…”


“Hm… Can we keep the tying to the bed part? That’s hot.”


“You do own a nice collection of ties. How often do you get to use four at once?”


Falling asleep quite a bit later in Brian’s arms, Justin admitted to himself that though it was not something he would want every week, fucking Brian while he had been completely at his mercy had been amazingly arousing.


It had not been easy for Brian to surrender completely. Justin had had to revert to their early how to top a top techniques. But eventually, Brian had let go of his inhibitions and begged and pleaded to get what he wanted. He had come twice. Once while being fucked slowly enough to drive him insane, and the second time, after Justin had untied his legs for a moment so he could turn over, deep into Justin’s throat.


In the shower afterward, Brian had reciprocated Justin’s blowjob. He had held Justin a long time under the hot water. It was something he had been doing a lot since Justin’s return: Just hold him tightly, lovingly. Justin loved it. More than words, it told him how Brian felt.


Justin closed his eyes, and drifted off to sleep cocooned in the arms of the man he loved.


Being awakened by a slick cock slowly breaching his ass was not something he would ever tire of. Brian’s lubed hand was milking his morning wood, Brian’s cock was filling his ass, Brian’s arms were around him, and Brian’s lips were kissing that spot below and behind his ear that always gave him goosebumps.


He didn’t even try to fight it. He let the pleasure rise, totally relaxed and passive, until it reached that point, and he closed his eyes on the sweet, bone melting orgasm that gently pulsed out of him.


“Oh, Justin,” whispered Brian, “you make me so happy.” He pushed his cock into Justin’s completely relaxed body as far as he could go, and he too let go, Justin feeling the rhythm of his release, and wishing it would be inside him, and not inside a condom.


It would have been very easy to slide back into sleep, but with perfect timing the alarm went off. Brian liked to be at work at the ungodly hour of seven, even if, like last Wednesday, they were at Essengy dancing until two, and came home to fuck for another hour. His caffeine addiction was starting to make sense…


So Justin was getting the reputation of an early riser in the Art Department. The good thing was that he left Plexus at noon, took a cab (oh! luxury…) to Pratt, and had well over an hour before his first class. He could do his homework, or prepare his station for painting after his classes.

 

 

Jason (and Brian), were coming at seven to see his latest creations. Two were very, very nice. He had first designed them on his computer a while back, but as he executed them, his feelings of the moment had overridden the carefully laid plans.


One was full of uncertainty, when despite the positive attitude of the therapist he was seeing, he had been afraid he never would feel strong again. The other was full of hope: he had started getting better, eating instead of drinking his dinner, and not having nightmares anymore.


The painting he’d had Jason sell as soon as it was dried had been very cathartic. His therapist had been right to tell him to put on canvas as much of his negative feelings as he could.


He had met his therapist through Todd who had hooked him up with a friend from work, a psychologist who helped people get over the trauma of whatever had brought on their paralysis, and then help them through the difficult adjustment of acceptance and renewed hope.


Justin’s first reaction to Todd’s idea had been very negative. The therapist’s name was Ethan… But Todd had dragged him to his first appointment, with the very plump, round nosed, smiling, balding, blond psychologist and Justin had stopped caring about his name.


At first, they had talked everyday. Unlike most “civilian” therapists, Ethan was used to intense trauma needing daily support, and had not even given Justin an alternative. After two weeks they had gone to every other day for another week, and then Ethan had given him his card and said, “Call me if you need to talk, day or night.”


Justin had called twice. The first time to help him resist the temptation to go back to Brian when he knew he needed a little more time, and the second the day he’d gone home, to make absolutely sure he was ready. He wondered how much longer it would have taken without Ethan’s help, without the outlet of his art…


Justin knew that the other two paintings he had to show were exceptional.


One was the portrait of Jessica, which he had started upon meeting her, and had worked on regularly. It was a gift for her, to thank her for her many kindnesses, her friendship, her chicken soup, her support. He loved that woman. The portrait was whimsical; Jessica dressed in a 1940’s glamour silver dress, with long green gloves, her diamond ring worn right over them. With her right hand, at chest level, she held a gorgeous apple by the stem, between her thumb and forefinger. In her left hand, down by her side in a relaxed position she had the scales of Justice, and a broad green ribbon that Lady Justice usually used as a blindfold.


She stood in a library, in front of a roaring fire. Out of a large many square paned window, one could see the branch of a blooming tree lit by the light of a high spring sun, yet the sky was dark, with stars and a quarter moon.


Every book in the library had the same title, though it could only be read on the three closest books: The Life of a Fascinating Woman, The Unauthorized Biography of Jessica Hammon. They were tomes 23, 24, 25, and there was the suggestion of hundreds of more tomes on the back wall.

 

 

Above the mantel of the fireplace was a portrait of Jason and one of Arthur Hammon from a picture that Justin had found on the internet. On the mantel was a small “picture” of himself, one of Brandon dancing, and one of Jessica the Bolshoi trained dance teacher.


At her feet were flowers, some loose, some in bouquets, like an actress would receive on opening night. Those had been there from the start of the portrait, long before Jessica’s newfound theater career…


He had captured her perfectly, if he said so himself, with that look on her face that drove Brian crazy: that of polite interest though you could somehow tell she was laughing at you.


He couldn’t wait to show it to Jason (and Brian).


The second painting’s title would mean nothing to either man: Life is Beautiful II.

 

 

This version of his burned painting was even better than the original. He had painted it the week before going home, and the hope, and joy, and love it depicted had been glowing in his heart, not a memory affected by his depression.


It would go in their home, replacing The Colors of my Heart. Jason was going to be very pissed that he could not sell it… It was by far the best thing Justin had ever done.

 

 

He couldn’t wait to show it to Brian (and Jason).


He set all four paintings on easels, and covered Jessica’s portrait with one of his painting smocks.

 

 

It was only 5:30. His classes finished at 5:00 on Mondays, so he put on another smock, brought out his cart of supplies and one of the prepared canvasses he had made during his internship, and started painting. He used to never paint spontaneously. The first time he had done so had been “The Kiss”.


But now, about half of his paintings came from a deep desire to get the colors onto the canvas, each color calling out for the next one, and each spontaneous painting requiring some cadmium based shade.

 

 

But the fist color calling to him was blue, a dark blue, like that of the early night, and just as transparent. Then it was another blue, still dark, but with green undertones, and still transparent, and another and another and another…


Completely absorbed in the process of creation, his back turned to the door, Justin didn’t notice when Brian arrived, a half an hour early, looking gorgeous in his beautiful Dior overcoat.


Brian had never seen him paint. Only sketch. He stood there, quietly, as if afraid any movement might stop the flow of creativity, until Jason who had no such qualms walked in.


“All right, Justin, show me what you got!” Justin did not stop what he was doing, continuing to apply the eighth or ninth shade of blue to the canvas.


“Oh! hello there, Mr. Kinney. I hadn’t noticed you there!”


Immediately, Justin stopped what he was doing to turn around. As ridiculous as it sounded, though they had last seen each other only twelve hours ago, he had been missing him. He laughed at himself. Brian was leaning against the door frame, looking as only Brian could. Justin smiled at him, took off his smock and walked into his arms, happy to see a smile on Brian’s lips that said he had missed him too.


“Should I come back later perhaps?” quipped Jason.


“Hello, Jason. How are you?” said Justin, grinning.


“In a hurry. I don’t have all night, you know. I have a wife at home I would like to hug… “


Justin laughed at him. “ All right! Look at these first, and then I will show you my surprise.”


Jason and Brian stood side by side, looking at the first painting, while Justin tried to ignore them and put his paints away. He looked at his new canvas. It looked like the sea, quiet and still, in the early morning. It was beautiful, peaceful, and brimming with his love for Brian. It was this morning lovemaking, surrendering to the sensation completely, in absolute trust.


Jason and Brian had moved to the second painting. Justin rolled his cart back to his cubby, opened his storage cabinet, and put his new painting safely away. It was a work in progress. He couldn’t wait to get back to it.


Jason and Brian had moved to the third painting.


“And this will be another gift for Mr. Kinney, I assume?”

 

 

“Yes, it is. But what makes you say that?”


“It has the same feel as The Kiss, and like The Kiss, it’s the best thing you have ever done…”


“It’s not Christmas,” said Brian, “and my birthday is a way off yet. Justin would not sell me The Kiss but I would be very glad to buy this one.”


“Brian, my contract says I can keep five paintings a year to do with as I please. You don’t have to buy it!”


“But if I buy it, it’s mine. If you just bring it home, it’s yours. This is the match to The Kiss. I want it.”


Brian came to hold Justin in his arms from behind, and whispered in his ear, “Please, Justin. It’s like when we fuck and I cannot help myself and say that you’re mine. Or when I am a little loose, and growl at guys at Essengy, 'My Sunshine, find your own.’ I want to own this. Our love, our life, our beautiful future. It’s all there. I want it. Please.”


Justin’s cock was as hard as a rock. Brian claiming him as his always aroused him like mad. He actually understood what Brian was saying, and with a smile, acquiesced.


“All right, Jason. Brian will buy it.”


Jason smiled. “Excellent. It’s $ 15000.”


“Jason!” said Justin, horrified.


“Justin, if you had had this one for sale in your show, I would have priced it at 20. You need to start getting used to the fact that your paintings are extraordinary. People would have fought over this one. Mr. Kinney is lucky.”


Brian had already written a check and handed it to Jason. He once again held Justin against himself from behind, and, bent to rest his head on Justin’s shoulder. He pointed to the painting and said, “Mine.” Justin couldn’t help but laugh.


“All right, then. Let’s see that surprise, shall we?”


“It’s a gift for your Eema, Jason. I just wanted to give you a preview.” Justin took off the smock, revealing the portrait. Brian and Jason both stood in front of it for the longest time, making Justin horribly self conscious.


“I want it,” said Jason. “I want to give it to her for her birthday. You have to sell it to me.”


Justin laughed. “Sorry. You’ll have to get her some perfume or something. This is a gift from me to her.”


“You don’t understand, Justin. My mother has had her portrait painted probably a dozen times, commissioned by her alma matter, by her parents, my father, and of course Arthur. She was always beautiful, and a great subject. Some of these portraits are very good. But none of them are portraits of my mother, the Eema that I know and love, with her quirky humor, her intelligence, her generosity, her amazing grace and charm. This is a portrait of my mother. And I want to give it to her. Because I love her, because I never apologized to her for cutting her out of my life for ten long years when I was young and stupid, because this more than anything will tell her that I know who she is and I adore her.“


He turned from the portrait back to Justin. “I will tell her you painted it for her as a gift. I will tell her I forced you to sell it to me. You can be there when she sees it for the first time, if you wish. But please, let me give it to her.”


Justin looked at Jason. He sighed, shrugged and said, “Sure.”


“How much?” asked Brian, a smile on his face.


Jason smiled back. “You set the price, Mr. Kinney.”


“$25000,” said Brian.


“Brian!”


“Sold,” said Jason. He grinned at Brian. ”I would have paid twice that.”


“So would I,” answered Brian, referring to A Beautiful Life.


They both laughed.


“You are both nuts” said Justin, shaking his head. “When is your Mother’s birthday?”


“Do you have to ask? February the 29th, of course. We will celebrate March 1st. It’s a Saturday. You are both invited. And please invite Mr. Bloomquist as well. I know she will love to have all her gorgeous man around.”


“Can Mr. Bloomquist bring his own gorgeous man to the celebration?” asked Justin.


“She will love it. She was worried he’d never get over you. She’ll be thrilled that he has found someone.”


Justin felt himself turn bright red. “Is there anything your mother doesn’t know?”


“Imagine what it was like growing up,” Jason answered with a grin.


“Do you think she’ll let me have her portrait back for the expo if I’m short?”


“For her favorite son, she will.”


“You have brothers?” Justin was surprised. He had always assumed Jason to be Jessica’s only child.


“No,” answered Jason, and he laughed. “Justin, all four paintings are splendid. Look how quickly you sold two of them… That blue thing you were doing looks like it’s going to be exquisite. It will be fourteen right?”


“Thirteen. Some friends are getting married,” said Justin. “I’m giving them the no name one I showed you two weeks ago.”


“Well, I'm sure if they hang it in their bedroom, it will do wonders for their sex life.” He laughed. “In a way, I’m glad. I didn’t want to have to hose down anybody in the middle of the gallery.”


Once again, Justin turned beet red. Maybe it wasn’t an appropriate wedding present after all…


“So thirteen. Four to go. You are doing splendidly, Justin. So I’ll call you with he details of my Mother’s birthday. Call me when you got four more to show me. I’ll wire the money for today’s sales into your account tonight. I’m pretty sure Mr. Kinney’s check will clear. See you!” He grabbed Jessica’s portrait and was out the door.


“That man is a whirlwind,” said Brian. “I like him.”


“Me too. He is incredibly kind to me. I call, he comes running. I’m pretty sure that is not part of his job. I’m amazed he has not told me off already. But even though he is in and out, he gives me a lot of confidence. Maybe that is why he is so kind. Because I'm the youngest of his clients. Can you believe he has a son older than me?”


Justin was putting away his paintings.


“Do you have the one you want to give to Emmett and Drew?”


“Yeah. Though after what Jason said, I am not so sure anymore… I have another one I’d like you to see also.”


He got out the New Year’s Eve one and the no name painting. Well, actually, he though of it as the Jerking off painting. He had done it after breaking down and jerking off thinking of himself and Brian fucking. He had come three times in less than an hour and had known the time to go home drew near. The next day, a Sunday, he had started on the canvas at eight in the morning, and stayed working on it until midnight. It was a wild thing, full of colorful explosions, on a cadmium yellow sky. He loved it.


The New Year’s Eve one he adored. It had been one of the best nights of his life. Friendship, love, laughter, dancing, fucking, making love, talking, goofing off, and feeling so precious to the man to whom he had given his heart. It was all there on the canvas.


Brian looked at the first one and said: “Yes. They definitely need to have this in their bedroom. Emmett will love it. And I sure hope you were thinking of me when you painted it…”


Justin laughed. “Oh, definitely. It does have a name, but I guess I should change it. It’s called Jerking off…”


“Yes.” Brian chuckled. “You might want to think up something else.”


“How about… Dichotomy, in 9 letters?”


Brian laughed. “Perfect. It will never make any sense, but they’ll stare at the painting trying to find the dichotomy, get horny, and fuck like rabbits. The ideal wedding gift.”


He moved on to look at New Year’s Eve. Brian said it was wonderful and Justin could hear he was sincere. But after Justin had put the canvas away again, Brian held him in his arms, and confessed softly that in his own heart, it paled in comparison to its repeat, last Wednesday.


Once again sharing the intimacy of lovemaking with friends, knowing that like Justin’s love was returned to him, so was Brandon’s friendship.


Going to Essengy afterward and being there with them, dancing, goofing off, growling at tricks about his Sunshine.


Fucking in parallel in the lounge, almost shoulder to shoulder with Brandon, his hands all over Justin, caressing him, loving him, soothing him, relaxing him from his nervousness of being seen so vulnerable in public, and all four of them coming within seconds of each other.


Coming home and fucking in the shower, changing the sheets, but instead of going to sleep, talking softly in the dark about the month gone by, about missing each other, about love and never wanting to be apart again, and making love one last time, gently, sweetly, lovingly, kissing each other the whole time.


Listening to Brian, Justin had never felt so loved in his life. They held each other for a while, until Justin kissed Brian’s jaw and said, ”Let’s go home.”


They took a taxi back to the loft. It was barely nine o’clock, but Justin kept yawning and had a hard time keeping his eyes open. Brian called to order Thai food, and held him in his arms all the way back, like when they used to ride back to the brownstone from Essengy. They ate, Justin with a fork, sitting down at the bar, eating off of a plate, Brian standing across from him, eating with chopsticks right out of the cardboard boxes.


They spoke about the Greenbabies diaper presentation Brian had made that morning. The client had loved the idea, and signed up on it despite the steep price. Now they would cooperate together again with Adam, Spaz, and Steven and Chris who were no doubt going to curse them for having to work with a bunch toddlers…


The meal over, Justin flossed and brushed and stripped naked. He couldn’t imagine wearing anything to bed that would stand between his and Brian’s skin. He needed to sleep, and knew it was much too early for Brian to join him. Maybe Brian would even go out. Justin went to the living room to say good night. Brian had taken off his work clothes and was wearing his white undershirt and some sweats. He was sitting at his desk, working on his laptop.


“Brian, I’m for bed… Are you just going to work or are you going out?”


“Just work. I can’t be bothered going out again.”


“Uh… Would you be comfortable working in bed?”


“Sure. Here, take my laptop, I’ll get a couple of extra pillows from the guest bed and join you.”


Brian took off his clothes and made himself comfortable for a couple hours of work on the computer. Justin smiled at him and kissed his shoulder.


“Good night, Brian.”


“Good night, Sunshine.”


A minute later, Justin giggled having had a funny thought.


“What?”


“You’ve got your laptop, you’ve got your blond next to you, all you need is a Secton watch…”


The last sound Justin heard before falling asleep was Brian’s laughter, and that was very nice.



To be continued...

 

Chapter 12 - Wedding Bells. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Wedding Bells



Though it had snowed again several times that week, the weather was clear and the sidewalks on Madison Avenue relatively dry. The cab dropped Brian off two blocks away from Plexus. Usually, Justin insisted on walking the last few blocks, but today, Brian had said he wanted to run an errand. They were trying not to arrive at the same time.


The easiest would have been to take separate cabs but they both enjoyed drinking their Starbucks coffee together and talking in the cab for the twenty minute ride. He stopped at the flower seller at the corner and bought a bouquet of fragrant peonies. God only knows where they came from. They were expensive but magnificent and looked very fresh, some still in buds.


He dropped the flowers on Cynthia’s desk with a smile and went into his office. In her quiet way she had been incredibly supportive the previous month, making sure he ate, bringing him coffee, keeping him busy ten to twelve hours a day and coming on Saturday mornings just because he did.


It also turned out that every time she had met Justin, she had given him a little synopsis of Brian’s activities, in a very innocent way, but which Justin had found to be a tremendous help when he had been struggling with his decision to stay away from Brian until he was better.


After three hours of work, Brian’s first appointment of the day was the presentation of his and Julie’s concept for Montrose Linens’ new campaign to Harold Montrose, the seventy year-old stuffed shirt who ran the company. He had exacting standards, which had kept his product head and shoulders above the rest quality-wise, and he insisted all manufacturing had to be done in the United States.


Every one of the new patterns had to meet the approval of his stay at home wife of fifty years. Luckily she had excellent taste, and the product, despite the luxury prices and very old fashioned packaging was not unsaleable. Brian and Julie had worked hard to come up with a sexy campaign, which looked innocent enough to please the conservative Montrose.


It was a young couple, the morning after their wedding, opening their wedding presents. The wrapped packages littered their very romantic room. They had evidently just gotten out of a Montrose sheet covered bed, and the new wife had a sheet wrapped around her like a toga. She had that very freshly fucked look, her hair tousled, her lips swollen. He had just showered and his waist was wrapped in a Montrose towel. Their exchange over each present could be construed as a sexual innuendo, but Julie and Brian had made them discreet enough that they would go right over the older conservative man’s head.


Julie had redesigned their expensive packaging so it now was terribly romantic, with a pink cloth covered hard box with a large window in the lid and a broad satin ribbon. The old boxes had been just as expensive to produce, but an unattractive beige with Montrose linen written in brown and an ugly pasted on tag describing the contents.


At the last minute, going on a hunch, Brian decided that instead of covering up the sexual aspects of the commercial, he would point them out to Montrose, as if letting him on the joke. Julie looked horrified but Brian had been right. Montrose got a kick out of all the hidden references, and commented, “I always heard that sex sells, but I could never see how you could put sex in towels. These are going to sell like hot bread, and people won’t even know why!”


Julie left the office as Brian and Montrose continued their talk and while Montrose signed off on the production of the commercial to go with the magazine ads. Montrose was still laughing when they came out of the office. Julie and Cynthia were talking, probably commenting on the risk Brian had taken.

 

 

Possessed by he knew not what, Brian asked Cynthia, “Where are the chocolates?” He of course knew she always had some Godiva’s stashed somewhere. With a smile, she got out her box and offered some to Montrose and Brian.


“How did you know she was hiding some chocolates in her desk?” asked Montrose.


“Well,” answered Brian, “Julie is still here, and you can bet these two beautiful ladies are not waiting to flirt with either one of us: I am as queer as a three dollar bill, and you’re old enough to be their father… There had to be chocolates…”


Montrose just burst out laughing as they walked to the elevators. “You mean I could be their grandfather!” Brian had known he took great pride in being as old as he was and still working. “You know, our oldest grandson just told his grandmother he thinks he’s queer,” Montrose added seriously.

 

 

Brian decided never again to doubt his hunches. He never brought up his sexuality to clients, especially not older conservative ones, and had had no reason to do so today.


“He’s always been her favorite,” Montrose continued, stepping into the elevator, “and she was right worried about him. Wait till I tell her how successful you are… I think it will reassure her the world is not as tough on you all as it used to be when we were youngsters. Have you got a… hm… what would you call that? Boyfriend sounds odd, to me.”


“Partner,” supplied Brian. “Yes I do.”


“There. See, she was all worried he’d spend his life alone, too… She’ll feel ever so much better.”

 

 

Off course, as luck would have it, the elevator stopped on the second floor and Justin got on, done with his day. On the one hand, Brian wished he’d been alone with him so he could molest Justin in peace; on the other hand, he was glad he could introduce him to Montrose.


“Well, serendipity is on your side, Mr. Montrose. I would like you to meet my partner, Justin Taylor. Justin, this is Harold Montrose, from Montrose Linens.”


“Mr. Montrose, nice to meet you.” One could always count on Justin’s country club bred manners. “We own two sets of your dark grey 400 count sheets, sir. They are the best.”


“Why, thank you. What do you do, young man?”


“I work for the Art Department, with Julie. I believe she helped with your campaign, didn’t she? She is very good. And I go to Art School at Pratt, part time. I’m on my way there now, actually.”


The elevator had reached the lobby. All three of them got out, and walked toward the doors, where the limo from the service was waiting for Montrose.


He sighed. “I would love for my wife to meet the two of you. My grandson too, for that matter. He’s having a hard time, I think.”


Brian, looking at Justin’s painting, and had an idea. “Does your wife enjoy modern paintings, like this one, Mr. Montrose?”


“This one is grand,” said Montrose. “You can just feel the hustle and bustle of our great city… I’m sure she would enjoy it. She has an artistic eye. Did you know she picks all the patterns and colors for our collections?”


“This painting is Justin’s. He has an exposition coming up at the end of March. If you wish I will send you an invitation to the opening.”


Montrose looked very pleased. “That sounds real nice. I’d sure appreciate that.” He turned to Justin. “This is a very nice painting indeed. Congratulation on your upcoming exposition. I’m sure it is quite an accomplishment, you still in school and all.”


“Thank you, sir.”


“I’ll be looking for that invitation. Good day to you both.” And he left.


Justin looked at Brian, surprise on his face. “You told a client you’re gay? That’s unusual.”


“I know. I’m not sure why. I was acting on a hunch. And now, I think you need to ride the elevator with me to the parking level.”


“Really? Even though I am at the front door, where I’ll have to come back to to easily hail a cab?”


“Yes. Absolutely. Another hunch. And quickly, too. My next appointment is in fifteen minutes…”


Brian stopped the elevator between floors, and smiling, pulled Justin into a kiss. He’d gotten hard as soon as Justin had stepped in the elevator from the Art Department and Justin’s wonderful yielding mouth only increased his arousal.


Justin dropped to his knees and Brian could not believe he was going to blow him in the elevator. But that’s exactly what he did, Brian holding onto the handrail, his head leaning back on the wall, watching the whole thing from the mirrored ceiling.


Justin truly had a gift. Brian could have sworn he came in less than three minutes, only remaining upright thanks to that rail and repeating, “Fuck Sunshine, fuck!” About a dozen times. Justin got back up, a cocky grin on his face and tucked Brian back in while he caught his breath. Then Brian kissed the hell out of him and said, “I will thank you for that later…” Justin reset the elevator, and pressed L.


They stood across from each other, smiling. The doors opened.


“Later,” said Justin.


“You bet,” said Brian as he held the doors open to check out Justin’s ass as he walked away. Justin turned and smiled his sunshine smile at him above his shoulder before stepping out of the building. Brian let go of the ‘Open’ button, and rode back to the third floor, grinning. Cynthia was waiting for him with a quadruple espresso. She smiled.


“You met Justin in the elevator, didn’t you?”


“I might have…”


“Julie said you showed the old man all the innuendos you guys had worked so hard to hide. And then you tell him you’re gay? What’s with you? Is there a new full disclosure clause somewhere I’m not aware of?”


“No. It just felt right.”


“Julie said to warn her next time. She thought she was going to have a heart attack… Now get back in there. The Crystal Spring people are due anytime. Randy came and put up the boards. Shoo.”


Brian walked into his office. There were only two people coming from Crystal Springs, and it was only for a bottle label. He did not need the conference room. The boards looked great. They showed a spring in the woods in the background, and a splash of crystalline water in the foreground. It was attractive and refreshing looking, and considering Crystal Spring water was actually filtered tap water (micro-filtered naturally clean water, said the label), it was as far as they could go with it. Randy had done a great job.


The reps from the Crystal Spring Company agreed whole-heartedly and bought the design. They were gone five minutes when the phone rang.


“It’s Oliver Stokes from Axel Air, Brian.”


Oliver had been the rep for Axel Air for about ten years, and a client of Brian's in the firm he worked for in Pittsburgh. He had come along with Brian to Plexus when Brian had moved to New York. A few of his clients had, but Oliver was a little different. He was tall, dark and very attractive, a deliciously submissive bottom that Brian fucked every year when he came to renew Axel’s publicity contract. He usually stayed in town for three days. The contract was worth one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. They played racquetball at a club near his hotel, fucked and in the evenings went out on the town together. Gillian’s orgy room was a favorite of Oliver’s. He liked sucking on Brian’s cock as Brian invited guy after guy to fuck his ass, and then switch to Brian fucking him while whoring his mouth. His visits were always a good time.


“Bri! How are you?”


“Great. When are you coming in?”


“Next Tuesday. I’m really looking forward to it. Life has been rather dull lately.”


“I’ll have Cynthia make your reservations. I’ll see you then.”


“Fabulous. See you.”


Brian hung up, and rubbed the back of his neck. He would not be fucking Oliver this time. According to his own rule, he could not even get a blowjob, or have any sexual contact with the man. He would have to figure out how to handle it. Plexus had done a fantastic job for Axel Air in the past three years, but he didn’t doubt that if he didn’t handle the situation right, they could lose a very lucrative contract… He called Cynthia.


“Oliver is coming in next Tuesday. Can you make the usual arrangements?”


“Sure. Does that include your usual lunch break from 11:00 to 2:00?” Cynthia asked.


As she well knew, that was their usual racquetball and fuck time. “Yes, please.” He would think of a solution. He was not about to break faith with Justin, even over a huge contract and a really fine fuck. He would figure it out later.


He had more immediate things to think about. He was going to miss work Friday, going to the wedding in Maine. He wondered with a smile if Justin was ever going to ask about it. Even with Brian bringing it up often, Justin had not yet asked if he planned on attending… No matter his feelings about the whole sham, he was not about to miss seeing his son as a ring bearer, or Emmett as a bride…


As a gift, he had ordered them the wooden bread bowl from the Pottery Barn over the web, and the best bread machine available anywhere. He could not for one second seriously imagine either one of them baking bread…


He had made reservations for Justin and himself Friday late morning, in first class, but had not cancelled Justin’s Thursday afternoon ones, in case he preferred to go then. He had also made a Thursday evening appointment at Jay Kos, where he bought some of his clothes, and had their personal shopper select some clothing in Justin’s size. He had no idea if Justin would go for any of it, but it would be fun to try…


He was wondering if Justin would be home early enough to go out, or if he would end up going out alone. The night before they had gone to Essengy, been greeted by a smiling Jeremy, and had danced for a long time. Part of the evening Brian had spent watching Justin dancing alone from the bar. He looked so delicious. Some guy had been hitting on Justin and Justin mouthed ‘blowjob’ to Brian when the guy made him an offer.


Brian had joined them on the dance floor and asked Justin, “Hey, pretty boy, want a blowjob?”


“That’s what this guy just offered me, and he dances better than you,” replied Justin. Ouch. The guy looked smug.


“I’ll eat your ass, first,” offered Brian, grinning.


“I can do that too,” said the guy, looking a little less smug.


“I’ll eat your ass for an hour and then fuck you in our own bed,” said Brian.


Justin turned to the guy. “Sorry. My boyfriend wins…”


The poor guy had looked totally disgusted. They headed home and Brian had kept his end of the bargain…


Tonight, he wanted to play pool. He hoped Justin could join him, because he knew Justin would enjoy a nice filet mignon first, but if not, he would go to Gillian’s alone.


He called Justin from the cab home. Justin answered on the third ring.


“Justin Taylor.”


“Hey.”


“I’m still painting.”


Brian could hear the smile in his voice. It was going well, then. “Do you want to go out later?”


“No. Go ahead. I’m really into this. I’m not sure when I’ll be home.”


“OK. Call me when you leave.”


“Will do. Later.”


“Later.”


Brian went home and changed, and went to Gillian’s. He drank beer as he played different people, turning down offers of fucks and blowjobs. After almost three hours, he went to the locker room and took off his clothes. He put on a short light robe, put the phone in his pocket and went to the orgy room.


There was a lot of action. He loved watching the fucking going on, listening to the sounds and appreciated all the inviting looks he was getting. He was very turned on. He leaned against the wall next to a threesome where the middle guy had a cock in his mouth and a cock in his ass and obviously loved both. It got even better when fourth guy joined them, and started sucking the middle guy’s cock while jerking off.


Brian lubed his hand, and started masturbating. He was going nice and slow, checking out different groups, coming back to the foursome, enjoying himself.


A guy passed by and raised his eyebrows, a silent offer, but Brian was doing fine.


He kept pleasuring himself, and when he felt his orgasm coming, he walked to the guy who was jerking off and giving head, and came all over him. It started a chain reaction, and soon all four members of the group had climaxed.


Brian walked away chuckling. He found another interesting point of view, put more lube on his hand, and started jerking off again, this time watching two guys taking turns at a third one’s ass. Finally one of the two got behind the other, bend him over his trick, and after lubing him pushed into his ass. The middle guy’s eyes rolled back in is head as the thrust of the guy behind him pushed him in and out of the ass of the guy in front of him. It was a beautiful thing.


When he was ready, Brian came in a towel. He walked out of the room, took a quick shower, checked his phone to make sure he hadn’t missed Sunshine’s call, got dressed and headed home.


He was in the cab when Justin called, sounding tired and happy.


“I’m done with the blue one. I love it. Lilah loves it. It’s so cool. I can’t believe I finished this fast. It’s ridiculous.”


“I’m glad it came easy. Did you eat?”


“Yeah. We had pizza.”


“I was at Gillian’s, jerking off in the orgy room. It was fun, but did me no good. Just hearing your voice, I am hard as a rock. I am going to fuck you as soon as you walk through that door…”


“Tell me what you were jerking off to at Gillian’s.”


Brian gave Justin a sexy description.


“Fuck. That’s hot. You better fuck me as soon as I get there. I want you to do me over the back of the sofa. You go in so deep that way…”


The thought of Sunshine’s ass offered to him in that position did more for him than watching all that sexy shit at Gillian’s. He almost came in his pants.


Brian’s cab was pulling up to the curb in front of his building. His cock was throbbing with each heartbeat.


“How far are you, Justin?”


“Fifteen minutes.”


“God… Hurry up…”


Justin laughed. “Believe me, I’m not going to dawdle.”


Brian went upstairs and took off his clothes. He got a condom and some lube and set them on the back of the couch. When he heard the elevator, he went and opened the door. No need to wait anymore than necessary.


He cracked up when Justin stepped out of the elevator with his clothes in his arms. He walked in, dumped them by the door, and kissed Brian, his tongue demanding, his hands all over Brian, obviously horny as all get out. He walked backwards to the sofa, kissing Brian the whole time, then turned around, leaning his head and shoulder on the back, spreading his cheeks apart for Brian.


The condom went on very fast, covered with lots of lube, and Brian pushed into the offered pink star-like anus with a grunt. He was fast and merciless and Justin said, “Oh, fuck!” Brian stood still and waited, buried in Justin’s ass to his balls, until Justin pushed against his cock, signaling he had recovered from the shock. It felt so fucking good.


Brian started pumping in and out, amazed at the pleasure that poured down his body like rivulets of rain. Justin’s ass was so gorgeous. The pink rim was stretched around his cock, going in and out with every thrust, the smooth velvety warmth all around him. He grasped Justin’s cock in his hand squeezing the head between his thumb and fingers and Justin started panting, loudly, loving it. Fucking Justin was better than anything he had ever done. He started pumping harder, lost in the sensations, loving Justin, loving his cock, loving his ass, “Fuck, Brian, fuck!” And Justin was coming, his ass rhythmically squeezing the pumping cock, taking Brian with him to heaven.


Brian had collected Justin’s come in his hand, and his cock still deep in Justin’s ass, he slurped the come from his hand. It was his, like Justin was his and because of that he loved it and licked off every drop.


He pulled out of Justin, thinking how much he would like to see his come dripping from Justin’s ass, how much he would love to suck it out. He was instantly hard again.


“I’m going to fuck you again, Sunshine. I cannot get enough of you…”


He picked up a smiling Justin in his arms like a child, put him on the bed, put on a fresh condom with a thick layer of lube and with Justin’s ankles on his shoulders pushed himself into his ass again. Justin's eyes were glowing and he licked his lips. As soon as Brian started moving, Justin’s cock started filling again. Justin lubed his hand and jerked off as Brian fucked him, the big pink cockhead popping in and out of his fist, the sight of it driving Brian wild. He bend Justin in half and kissed him, sloppily, and said, though he’d told himself he would cut that shit out, “Your cock is mine Sunshine,mine. Your ass is mine. All mine. You’re mine. You are fucking MINE…” And he came, hard, into the condom. Justin mewled and sprayed come between them. Brian lowered Justin’s legs, massaging them, kissing his hips, and lay down on his elbow, next to him.


Justin’s eyes were soft and full of love, his blissed out smile wonderful. “I am so in love with you,” he said. Then he laughed. “ I can’t move anymore.”


Brian got a warm washcloth to clean him up and brought him his toothbrush with only a little paste on it. He went and brushed his own teeth and cleaned the spunk off his chest, then turned off the lights. Justin was asleep already. Brian lay next to him and within a minute, Justin backed up into his arms. Brian smiled, spooning him.

 

*****



“So,” said Brian, soaping Justin’s back the next morning, “are you dead set on leaving tonight, or would you like to fly in with me in the morning?”


Justin turned around with a big smile. “You’re coming.”


Brian leaned forward and kissed him. “Of course I’m coming. I want to see Gus in a suit and Emmett in pink tulle.”


“Well, are you working late tonight?”


“It depends. If you go late this afternoon, yes. If you travel with me, I have other plans.” Brian leaned down once more to kiss him. Justin was so cute with water in his eyelashes, looking up at him.

 

 

“Hm… What kind of plans?” They had just fucked in the shower and yet, just the tone of that simple question made Brian’s cock twitch.


“I made an appointment with one of my tailors, for you to try clothes on.”


Justin looked less than enthusiastic. “Like fancy suits and …stuff?”


“A bit of everything. He's got everything ready in your size, and you just have to pick and choose and try them on…”


“How does he know my size?”


“I looked in your clothes and told him. You do have one decent suit.”


“It’s my graduation suit from high school. My Dad had bought it in advance, before all the stuff happened. I wore it for my seventeenth birthday, and to all my interviews since.”


“It’s amazing it still fits. And it doesn't even look that passé.”


“When you interviewed me, you were looking at my ass. Not at how fashionable my suit was. It was really expensive. Custom made by my Dad’s tailor. It was meant to last.”


“Well, what do you think? Shopping or hanging with Daphne?”


“Shopping. I need clothes for work too. And I have some money now.”


“You might want to let me pay.”


“Why is that?”


“It’s Jay Kos. It can be a bit…steep. I know you sent most your money to pay off your student loans.”


“I only send $25,000. Even after the almost $5000 rent for January and February I still have about three thousand.”


“Exactly.”


“$3000 in not enough to buy some clothes? Maybe it’s the wrong place for me to shop…“


“No. It’s absolutely the right place. He loves colors and materials, and he knows how to cut a pair of pants for a man with an ass. You’ll love it. It will be fun. Please, Justin?”


“I’m not letting you buy my clothes. If it’s more than $3000, I’ll charge it. I should get some money from my expo next month, right?”


“Absolutely.”


Brian canceled Justin’s reservations and looked forward to the shopping expedition. Because he was devious and evil, he called the store, and told them that no matter what, the total bill could not top $2300. He left his credit card number for the difference. He made over $150 000 a month. What was the point if he could not have some fun with his money? He totally understood Justin’s pride in doing things for himself. But this was something he was doing for Brian.


They went at 6:00pm, and Tate, the personal shopper, had an impressive pile of clothing for Justin to try on. Justin did love the fantastic colors and the creative materials, but to Brian’s annoyance he was also extremely good at adding in his head.


He got two pairs of pants, a vest, a jacket, two shirts, a tie, and called it good at $2700. He did let Brian buy him another shirt and tie, and a pair of lime green suede shoes, because Brian really wanted to, but that was it. They did have a blast though, and Justin would look fabulous at the wedding and at his opening.


In the cab, Justin laughed at Brian. “How much was I supposed to be allowed to spend before it went on your account?”


“$2300,” answered Brian, looking sheepish. “How did you know?”


“I caught the look of apology on Tate’s face when he realized I was keeping perfect count of my spending.” Justin looked seriously at Brian. “I know you make a ton of money and I am willing to pretend our division of the mortgage is fair given the circumstances, and let you pay at places like Gillian’s where there would be no way for me to go otherwise, or change my tickets to first class because you want us to travel together. But, please. Don’t do that again. Be upfront about it and take no for an answer. You may think it’s silly, but I need to pay my way as much as possible, OK?”


“I’m sorry, Justin. You are absolutely right. I felt we were doing this for me and I should be paying, but I should have been upfront about it. I won’t do it again, but on the other hand, you have to allow me a bit of wild spending fun once in a while, even if it’s for the both of us.”


“You mean like our $45 000 rug?” asked Justin with a smile.


Brian laughed. “Yes. Exactly like our rug…”


They did go to Gillian's on the way home and Justin ate a filet mignon while Brian ate an egg white omelet and a grapefruit and crab salad. They went dancing for a while and then made love on one of the couches, both naked, face to face, with Justin’s legs wrapped around Brian’s waist. Justin was finding public sex more comfortable these days and didn’t even mind when a couple of tricks jerked off watching them.


Brian knew how hot he looked and Justin couldn’t help the sexy sounds he made. It was a turn on to see the two guys coming when Justin did… Brian followed him very shortly, but when the two guys made some move toward them, he turned and said, “You can watch, but you can’t touch. Go to the orgy room.”


“His ass is so hot,” said one of them. “I was watching him dance. I just want to fuck him, you can fuck me at the same time…”


Brian growled at him. “My ass,” he said. “Find your own.” He looked down at Justin, who was smiling at him and smiled back. “My Sunshine,” he said.


They went back and danced some more, kissing off and on. Brian popped a piece of the bar’s minty gum into Justin’s mouth. A short while later, Justin was shirtless, his nipple ring catching the light. He started putting on a show for Brian, touching himself, grinding on Brian’s leg, unbuttoning his jeans and sliding his hand inside, playing with his own cock, caressing his torso, playing with his nipples. He looked so fucking hot.


Once or twice the pink head of his cock peeked above his opened fly and Brian almost lost it. Brian pulled Justin back into the back room, where he continued his show, dancing, completely uninhibited. He was jerking off to the music, eyes closed, his pants down mid thigh, finger fucking himself.


He pulled down his pants lower, leaned on the back of a couch and told Brian, ”Eat my ass, Brian. Eat me, I want to feel your hot tongue.” Brian was more than happy to comply, despite the slight taste of lube and latex that remained. Justin’s ass still tasted good, nutty and sweet. Justin was mewling in pleasure, bringing himself off, and he came all over the back of the couch.


Brian gloved up and dived into the offered ass, holding Justin’s hips, pulling him off and onto his cock. He came saying, “Fuck, Justin. Fuck…” Justin turned around as soon as Brian pulled out and kissed him, Brian taking his mouth like he had just taken his ass, possessively, without question, and Justin’s surrender was the sweetest thing that evening yet. He melted against Brian, opened to him, his mouth soft, giving, willing.


Brian pulled up Justin’s pants while they were still kissing, then his own. He held Justin tight continuing their kiss and said, “I love you, Justin. I love you so much…” He knew Justin was not high anymore because Justin was hiding his face in Brian’s neck. “Don’t hide, Justin. That was the sexiest thing I’ve ever seen. You are so fucking hot…” Justin smiled at him, still blushing but happy.


They walked out, getting Justin’s shirt, their coats, and their shopping bags from the butler who wished them a pleasant evening. They kissed in the cab, their kiss telling how amazingly glad they were to have each other, to be together.


Before bed, they took a shower, soaping each other up, holding each other close under the warm water. In bed, cuddling was not enough, not yet. Inverting positions, they sucked each other off, taking it slow, making it last, coming at the same time, both swallowing each other’s spunk like a gift. They fell asleep with their head on each other’s thigh until Justin woke up in the night and turned himself back around the right way.


In the morning it was strange to pack only one bag for the two of them. It was such a couple thing to do, though it made total sense. They would be there only two nights, so they didn’t need much. They were getting in at one and the wedding was at a three, almost an hour away, in Fryeburg, wherever that was.


Brian had made reservations for a luxury room in the inn where the wedding was taking place “Find the Peace With Inn”. The name was so cheesy Justin was a bit worried. It was, in fact, a lovely old place with all the amenities and almost everyone was staying there. They joined the rest of the guests in the ballroom, which had a lovely view of the snowy countryside.


Justin looked very nice in his new clothes. Daphne definitely approved, as did several of Drew’s friends who were checking out his well-clad ass. They were also checking out Brian in his Zegna suit, so maybe they were just fashion connoisseurs.


The munchers were not in attendance yet. Michael made a beeline for Brian. He had his daughter in his arms. She looked very cute in a pink taffeta dress with a big white bow at the waist, or whatever passes for a waist on an 18 month old baby. Michael was in his usual blue suit, white shirt and red tie, like a politician wannabe. Ben looked professorial. He had his arm around Michael. It was nice to know Mikey was loved.


“I can’t wait to see Emmett,” said Michael. “I’m thinking white tuxedo. What do you think?”


“No idea,” said Brian, who was hoping for something a little more tasteful from his favorite fashion forward friend. “How are you, Ben?”


“Very popular. I gave my students the day off, on Valentine’s Day… They love me.”


“And Ben gave me tickets to the new Batman movie for Valentine’s Day. It doesn’t get any better than that…”


Shit. Did Justin expect something? Had he gotten Brian something? That would be awkward… He was speaking with Lindsay who must have just arrived because she had not been there when he first scanned the room. And where was Gus?


“Excuse me, I want to check on Gus,” said Brian, leaving Michael almost mid-sentence.


“Brian!” Lindsay gave him a big hug. “Gus will be so excited to see you!”


“Where is he?”


“Mel is helping him put on his suit.”


“What’s your room number?”


“Brian, she’s doing fine…”


“Lindz?”


“303. She is doing perfectly…”


Brian ran lightly up the stairs. 301, 302…


“But Mama, why is the knot so big. Daddy’s knot is never that big…“


The door was open. Mel was trying to straighten Gus’ tie.


“It’s that big because that’s a double Windsor, Sonnyboy. What you need is a simple knot. Mel, may I?”


“By all means. It looks like a cabbage. I got the knot off the internet…”


“Daddy! You’re here! You’re here!”


Brian had his arms full of Gus and the tie was forgotten for a moment. “Is my Jutsin here too?”


“Yes. He's downstairs. I had to tie his tie too…”


Gus giggled. “You did for real or you’re just saying that?”


“I did. He looks very nice. As nice as you, even.”


“As nice as you, Daddy? You always look the nicest.” Funny how some compliments mean so much more than others…


“Yes, Sonnyboy. Both you and Sunshine look as nice as me today.” He quickly tied his son’s tie, straightened the flower in his lapel, and pushed his hair off his forehead. It was a very nice suit his son was wearing. It looked ridiculously close to his dark grey Armani. He quickly checked the collar. It was Armani Junior.


“Where did you get his suit?” Brian asked Mel.


“Emmett bought it, with the shirt and the tie. It’s from Saks.” The shirt was very nice, crisp and white, and the tie was a lovely light blue silk satin. Very understated and elegant.


“Ready, Mel?”


“You two go ahead. I’ll be right down.”


Brian and Gus took the elevator. As they often do, it had a mirrored panel. Gus looked at his and his father’s reflection. “Now it really looks like you're my Daddy,” he said. It was true. Their hair, their eyes, their lips and now their clothes were very similar. “I hope I look as good as you when I grow up,” said Gus very seriously. “Or like my Jutsin. He looks real nice too. I like his smile. But I think I look more like you, don’t you?”


“Yes, I think you look more like me than you do Justin.”


“Maybe I can paint like him.”


“Maybe you can.”


“My teacher says we assemble our parents.”


“Resemble, Gus.”


“Mommy says I think on my feet like Mama. And I look like you. I like drawing like Mommy. But I want to paint like Jutsin. Is he my parent yet so I can start assembling him?”


“Resembling, Gus. Justin and Daddy are together forever, Gus. You can start resembling him anytime you want.”


Gus stepped close to the mirror. “Do you think I can have blue eyes then?”


“I’m afraid not, Sonnyboy. But I thought it was his smile you liked…”


“I can have his smile. Mommy says to smile like my Jutsin, you have to really mean it, and have love in your heart. I been learning, see?”


And Gus gave Brian a beautiful smile “I just think about Jutsin and how he makes me feel inside.”


“You’re almost there.”


“I think he smiles like that because you are in his heart. Someday I’ll love somebody like Jutsin loves you and my heart will have enough love to smile just like him.”


The elevator doors opened, and they walked to the ballroom. Lindz must have said something to Justin about them, because he turned around and his smile was beautiful and sunny, and made Brian’s heart melt. Gus ran to him, and Justin picked him up and twirled him, Gus laughing joyfully. Justin looked completely comfortable in his new suit. The fit was perfect and the whimsy of the cashmere plaid of the jacket was perfect for him. After he put Gus down, he walked to Brian who could not help but steal a kiss.


“How did you know I needed that?” asked Justin.


“I needed it, actually. But why did you?”


“Lindsay and I have been talking about galleries and expositions, and temperamental critics, and now I’m scared shitless…”


“Remind me to spike her drink with E when no one’s looking… Jason thinks you’re ready. He knows critics. You are ready. Your paintings are gorgeous. Hell, I’d buy one.”


“You’ve bought three.”


“See? You have made my point.” He kissed Justin again, and forgot where he was a little, because Justin’s mouth was so wonderfully soft and willing.


“Brian!” Oops. That was Lindz.


“Mommy! Why’d you disturb him? Daddy likes kissing Jutsin.”


“It’s OK, son. I’ll have plenty of time to kiss him later.”


Justin laughed. “I think I’ll go hang with Daphne. If she continues to talk to those football players, she’ll get a kink in her neck…”


Brian watched him walk away, giving Debbie a hug on the way. She and Horvath had just made an appearance. She looked remarkably elegant and… well, not thin, but definitely less rotund than before. Brian quickly searched for a more flattering description as he walked towards her. Fit? Less fat? Trimmer?


“Captain Horvath, Mrs. Novotny. I must say, madam, you look remarkably elegant and lovely this evening“


“Thank you Brian. That would be because my ass has shrunk, Emmett picked my outfit and Lindsay made me up.”


“Whatever the reason, please do me the honor of saving a dance for me later on.”


“What’s the matter with you? Who put a broom up you ass tonight?”


“No one yet. But if I’m lucky, I might get Sunshine to put his cock up there before the night is over…”


Debbie burst out laughing. She leaned in to him. “You actually bottom for that kid?”


He leaned in as well, and whispered, “Every chance I get, and I will deny it if anyone asks.”


She laughed again. “My lips are sealed. No one would believe me anyway!”


Brian looked for Justin. He and Daphne had been joined by Ted and Blake, who both looked very nice. Brian felt he owed Blake a lot for helping him realize how badly he had hurt Justin. He also wanted him to have a chance to talk to Justin and see that he had overcome the psychological pain Brian had caused, without Brian around.


He noticed how many of the single men present, friends of Drew’s he assumed, were looking at Justin. He tried to look at him without prejudice. Nice suit. Beautiful hair that caught the light. Fantastic ass. Beautiful face. He tried to remember the first time he had seen him at Essengy. His ass, his grace, his energy, his radiance. He had wanted him, badly. He could see it on some of the faces of the men who looked at Justin now.


There were men looking at him, but not the same way. From Justin… They wanted Justin, a piece of him, or all of him. From him, they wanted a fuck, as if it was written somewhere that he could bring them off better than anyone ever had before. They were the same men that circled him with hungry eyes everywhere he went.


One of them joined him now, and asked with a come hither smile, “Bride or groom’s side?” He was tall, blue eyed, and a queen. Not in the least Brian’s type.


“Both,” replied Brian.


“And which did you fuck?”


Which was a rude thing to ask under any circumstances, but certainly at their wedding…


“Neither. You might want to be careful whom you ask. People might take offence.”


“Ooooh well, soooory! Wouldn’t want to offend anyone… Are you the good manner’s police?” He was rolling his eyes and giggling.


“I assume you are a friend of Drew’s?”


“Friend, fuck buddy, whatever…” The idiot was still giggling.


“And he invited you because...?”


“I am here as Joel’s date,” snapped the idiot, finally realizing his comments were not appreciated.


“Well, I guess one might question both the man’s sense and his good taste. Try to keep your mouth shut, will you?” Brian walked away towards the other one of Drew’s friends that he didn’t know.


“Are you Joel?” he asked.


“Who’s asking?” Oh, God. An idiot and a top with a fragile ego. Where had Drew found these people?


“Hello,” said Brian, extending his hand. “I'm Brian Kinney.” The other man shook his hand reluctantly.


“Joel Serento.” Ha. The newly outed quarterback. That might explain the insecurity.


“Your friend over there has a big mouth, and no manners. You might want to…have a word with him before he makes a faux pas with the wrong person. His past sexual escapades are of no interest to anyone…"


“He’s not my friend… He sort of… invited himself along. I hardly know him. Met him here at the bar yesterday.”


“I see.” Brian went towards a group of guys with ‘Football players’ written all over them.


“Gentlemen. I assume you are friends of Drew’s.”


“Yeah.”


“Teammates and friends”


“Friends of Emmett’s, too.”


These guys were big. Brian had to look up. Not a familiar sensation. And they were all straight. But seemed like nice guys.


“We have a wedding crasher. I’m worried he might be collecting information and pictures for the press. I’m not sure what to do about him. The tall blond over there…”


“How long before the wedding?” asked one big guy.


“Forty minutes, give or take.”


They smiled at Brian, and went to talk to the blond, evidently convincing him to go for a stroll. In a move that Brian thought remarkably smart, one of them went and borrowed Carl from Debbie to accompany them.


The next day, Brian heard that after having taken off all his clothes in the fountain in the atrium, irreversibly damaging his camera phone and his tape recorder, he had been arrested for indecent exposure for streaking through the dining room where decent people were trying to have a cuppa in peace.


When a couple of guys joined Ted, Blake, Daphne and Justin, Brian decided that side of the room was the place to be. Justin laughing at something Ted said, and then greeted him. Blake looked at Brian with a very nice smile. Without even thinking about it, Justin leaned against him and Brian’s arms came naturally around his waist.


Brian just wanted to crow. The fierceness of his possessiveness and of his love for Justin amazed him. He had complete and absolute faith in Justin. So why did he feel the need to claim him? It was not just during sex. It was… all the time. Right now, he could easily have stayed away, gone back and talked to Michael, or Lindsay. But he had wanted to show these two men he didn’t know and who did not matter that Justin was spoken for. That Justin was HIS.


Soon he would want Justin to wear a collar. Fuck. He had meant that totally as a joke, but his cock was suddenly very interested by the idea. Had he any desire to dominate Justin sexually? Hell no. He loved Justin fucking him. He was the one who a couple days ago had been tied to the bed. He did not want a sub. So why get excited about a collar?


Suddenly, music started. It was the Carpenter’s version of “Why do birds”. A nice older gentleman, dressed as a butler, who looked like someone’s benevolent uncle, opened the doors to an adjacent room and said, ”If you would all take your places…”


The room was set for a wedding, with rows of chairs, greenery, and an arbor underneath which the bride… uh… groom and groom would stand. It was nice, covered with orange tree leaves and small oranges, not white flowers. It was facing a huge bay window so that the field of snow could be seen in the background. Brian, Justin and Blake took seats in the third row. Ted had disappeared.


Pachelbel started playing, and Drew came in. The man at his side was obviously his father. He looked as Drew would in thirty years if he was lucky. It was nice to know he had the support of his family. On his other side was a woman who also looked like him, but was young enough to be his sister. Drew was wearing a dark grey Armani, a white shirt and a blue tie, just like Gus. Once Drew was standing at the altar, he turned back with everyone else to see Emmett’s entrance.


Emmett walked in between Debbie and Ted. No wonder he had dressed Debbie for the occasion. Maybe Gus was onto something about his smile theory, because Emmett’s was brilliant. He was wearing a very fitted light grey suit (Mark Jacobs?) that emphasized his height, his long legs and nice ass, with a light blue satin vest that matched Drew’s tie, a white shirt and a dark grey tie. He looked lithe and elegant, while Drew looked manly and fit. They made a magnificent couple.


Brian had no idea what denomination the minister was. He was older, with white hair and a cassock, and looked as if he had been a minister all his life. The ceremony was so traditional, practically everyone could have recited it right along with him, from the “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here…” to the “…why this man and this man should not be wed in holy matrimony…” and there was something beautiful about that. It was a real wedding.


Gus did his job perfectly. He did not carry a silly little cushion. He just walked to the minister who had said, “The rings, please,” whipped them out of his pants pocket, handed them over, and turned back to come sit on Justin’s lap.


“With this ring, I thee wed,” said Drew after the minister.


“With this ring, I thee wed,” said Emmett, also repeating the minister’s words.


“By the power vested in me by the State of Maine, I now pronounce you married. You may kiss your husband.”


The kiss was nice, but they had lost Brian, and when the minister presented Mr. Drew and Mr. Emmett Boyd, he only applauded because everyone else was, his mind left behind a few sentences.


‘With this ring, I thee wed.’ He didn’t want Sunshine to wear his collar. He didn’t want him to be his sub. What he wanted was for Justin to wear his ring, and be his husband. More than just about anything else in his life, Brian had suddenly realized he wanted to marry Justin…



To be continued...

 

 

Chapter 13 - Together. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Together


Justin’s phone rang when he was in the cab on the way to Pratt. He really needed a new phone. His was a second hand Startack, and the screen no longer worked.


“Justin Taylor.”


“Justin, it’s Brandon.” Justin was truly pleased. His contacts with Brandon had slowed down to almost nothing once he moved back in with Brian.


“Brandon! It’s so good to hear your voice. I’ve missed you! How are you?”


“I am really well, and that’s why I’m calling. I’m in New York for three days, and I was hoping to see you.”


“Sounds great. Why don’t you and Todd come over to the loft around nine?”


“Todd doesn’t know I’m here, yet. I… I really want to talk to you. Can you meet me at my dance studio? I’m going to be working there for hours. Come after Pratt?”


When in New York, Brandon could rehearse at the studio where they had filmed the commercial. They had three classrooms, and very rarely did all three get used. They had gotten a huge boost in business from the commercials, and allowed Brandon the use of ‘his’ studio, in exchange for using his name. Once in a while, he’d have to stop to sign a few autographs, but it was worth it.


Todd’s apartment was a typical New York place, with the ‘bedroom’ barely big enough for his king size bed, and his living room/kitchen only large enough for a recliner and a loveseat. There certainly was no possible dancing there. Justin had used the loveseat when Brandon visited his boyfriend. The rest of the time, he and Todd shared the king size bed. It had been completely platonic, and they had grown to be really good friends.


“All right. I’ll be there around 5:30, OK?”


“Great. Can’t wait to see you.”


Justin loved Brandon. Not like he loved Brian, obviously, but there was definitely a special place for Brandon in his heart. Had it not been for the fact that Brian was in his life, he thought his love for Brandon would have easily grown to something really serious. Things being as they were, he just had a soft spot for the beautiful man who never hid his deep feelings for him all that well.


Todd was funny. He really didn’t seem to mind that the man who shared his bed, and whom he considered his boyfriend was so deeply in love with Justin. His and Brandon’s relationship was based on friendship and really good sex, and Todd seem to find that satisfying enough. He spoke with Brandon on the phone almost daily, laughing at the ‘Stud of Babylon’s escapades, apparently not caring how much Brandon tricked when they were not together. When they were together, Brandon was totally monogamous, and very affectionate, and Todd was happy with the situation.


Justin wondered what Brandon wanted to talk to him about. After his last class, he took a cab to the studio. Not taking the subway was a luxury he was getting addicted too, and he rarely rode the underground any more, even when Plexus was not paying for his cab fare. It was one of the few luxuries he allowed himself.


When he got to the studio, Brandon was in the middle of a piece. He sat down on the floor and just enjoyed the show. This had nothing to do with the traditional Nutcracker. It was amazing, obviously technically difficult, and not using the male dancer solely as a carrier and support to the ballerina. It showcased Brandon’s abilities, his grace and strength. He was magnificent.


As he was still dancing, Brandon said, “Stand up, Justin, take off your shoes and walk to the middle of the room.”


Intrigued, Justin did as he was told. Brandon was dancing around him.


“Keep you body rigid. I need a ballerina for the final lift, and you’re it.”


How he could talk and dance at the same time was a mystery. Suddenly, Justin was off the ground. Brandon was holding him overhead as if he was a feather, one hand on his solar plexus, one on his tight stomach, perfectly balanced. Justin’s arms had gone out automatically and he could see in the mirror Brandon spinning and leaping as if he held nothing.


Finally, he was sliding down Brandon’s body, amazingly easily and gracefully, and landed safe and sound in front of him. Brandon fell to his knees and held him around the waist as the last note of the piece played. That was the finale.


Looking up from his position, Brandon grinned at him. “A bit heavy, but otherwise you make a fine ballerina.”


He was amazing. Such strength, such grace, such beauty. Justin was looking at his gorgeous upraised face, the turquoise eyes, the fine features, the beautiful smile. He would not kiss him. He would not. Brandon’s arms were still loosely around his waist. Then his hands were on Justin’s back pressing him closer, then going down over his ass, to his thighs and back to his ass again and it felt really good.


Brandon stood up holding Justin close, one hand on his ass, the other on the back of his head, Justin’s face in his neck. Justin’s arms went around the perfect body, hands flat against the muscular back, returning the hug. Brandon smelled wonderful, of clean sweat and jasmine, probably from his soap. Another minute. Another minute and he would step back.


“Fuck, Justin. Am I ever going to stop loving you?” Brandon’s voice was calm and matter of fact. Then he chuckled. “For a second there I actually thought you were going to kiss me. The power of self-delusion never ceases to amaze… Just give me another minute of this heaven. Just another minute and I’ll let you go, please…”


Justin felt so guilty. He had almost kissed him, and he enjoyed the hug just as much as Brandon did. But saying it would only make things worse for Brandon. He felt like a total hypocrite when Brandon stepped back and said, ”Thank you, Justin. I’m sorry.”


Justin smiled. “I thought that was still part of the choreography,” he quipped.


“It was,” replied Brandon grinning. “Of course it was. Obviously.”


They both laughed, the tension dissipating.


“So,” said Justin. “What did you want to talk to me about?”


“Let’s go sit and have coffee at the corner Starbucks, OK?”


They were sitting across from each other at a small table, Justin with his usual latte, Brandon with a double shot of decaf espresso.


“I’ve been offered a spot in the lineup of the New York City Ballet,” Brandon announced.


“Tell me what that means,” asked Justin, who really had no clue.


“Well, it’s the most prestigious ballet in the whole United States. It’s where we all dream to go. You have to get an invitation just to audition. It’s … impossible to get in. And they cold called me and offered me a spot. It was the commercial. The woman said they were very impressed by my control and technique. They loved what I said about always striving for perfection. And they loved my fake ballet teacher. They thought she was a hoot.”


“So this is really good, then.” Somehow Justin could tell there was a ‘but’ somewhere.


“It’s better than good. But… in Pittsburgh I am first dancer. I have the juiciest parts; I dance alone a lot of the time. Here I would be in the chorus line, not even second dancer. And the competition to get the lead position is fierce. Often the first dancers are not even picked in house. They snag the best out there from the Bolshoi, or the French Opera or whatever.”


“So you go from being the biggest fish in a medium size pond to being a little fish in the ocean.”


“Exactly. The good thing is, I have reached the top in Pittsburgh. If I want a challenge, I need to move to Chicago, or LA as second dancer and work my way up again. And this is the New York City Ballet…”


“What did Daphne say?”


Brandon laughed that Justin would know he’d already talked to Daphne about this. “She said to toss a coin. That regardless of the coin toss result, it would tell me what I really wanted, and to go with that.”


“She is so wise,” joked Justin. “She told me the same thing about going to Pratt or coming home and going back to PIFA, and of course she was totally right.”


“Yes. She was right. It helped clarify what I want. So I contacted the woman back, thanked her for her offer, and told her that rather than a free spot in the chorus line, I would like an audition for Second Dancer. She was totally shocked that I hadn’t just jumped on the opportunity, and said it was out of the question. She was pretty pissed of, and the conversation ended rather abruptly.


“But she called back yesterday. The next auditions for second dancer are the day after tomorrow. Do I have a piece ready?” He smiled. “It’s like telling you out of nowhere you can put a piece at the museum of modern art, do you have a painting of a swamp? The answer is practically insured to be no. But I surprised her. I said yes. What the fuck? This is the chance of a lifetime. We have been rehearsing this piece in Pittsburgh for four months, with a hiatus for The Nutcracker. I only interact with the ballerina four times. I have changed the choreography to get rid of that. I even have a finale, but since you were available… So I’m doing it. I’m auditioning for second dancer in the New York City Ballet tomorrow. I’m nuts and I’m scared shitless.”


Justin put his right hand on Brandon's face, cupping his cheek. Brandon looked up at him. Justin caressed his face, tracing the eyebrow, the cheekbone, the angular jaw. “Brandon, win or lose, I am so proud of you. You saw a possible chance, you created it and you took it. You are amazing.” Justin pressed his lips to Brandon’s just for a second.


Brandon put his hand on Justin’s, closed his eyes and smiled. “It was already worth it.” A few seconds later, he kissed Justin’s palm and let go. “So tomorrow, after the audition, I am going to call Todd and surprise him. Could we come to the loft in the evening? And maybe go out later?”


“I’ll talk to Brian, but I don’t see why not. Call me and tell me how it went, please?”


“As if you could stop me.”


Coming out of Starbucks, Justin hailed a cab. Brandon went back to the studio to rehearse again. In the cab, Justin called Brian.


“Hey”


“Where are you?”


“At the office. About to leave and call you.”


Just hearing Brian’s voice Justin felt much better. “I’ll pick you up in a cab in fifteen minutes. I need to be in your arms,” he said.


“See you in fifteen.”


Justin had given Brandon a hug, had touched his face, and had brushed his lips with his. He had not broken any of their rules. But he would have felt a lot better if instead he had fucked some stranger up the ass at Essengy. He would not see Brandon alone again. It would be better for all concerned.


Brian was waiting on the sidewalk as he got to Plexus, and Justin felt like laughing with relief. He was gorgeous. Justin’s cock was hard, his heart was beating in his chest in excitement, his whole body singing in anticipation. Reality check. This was the love of his life, his destiny.


Brian hopped in and smiled at Justin, opening his arms. Justin leaned into his embrace and kissed him. Brian took control of the kiss, one hand behind Justin’s neck, the other on his cock. The kiss felt so good, Brian’s tongue meeting his own, caressing it, submitting to it, Justin’s arousal increasing every second. His mouth was Brian’s playground, the knowing and forceful kiss driving Justin insane with lust. Why did Brian’s kiss have such power over him? His heartbeat was pumping blood into his already turgid cock, the arousal raising the hair on the back of his neck, covering his skin in goosebumps. He let it gather threads of pleasure from his whole body, and he started trembling. Brian sucked lightly on his tongue and Justin came, pulsing under Brian’s hand, moaning in pleasure.


Brian whispered in his ear, “You are mine, Sunshine.” And Justin could not have agreed more. Brian’s arm held him tightly now. He rested the back of his head on his chest.


“I want to tell you something,” they said together and laughed.


“You have the messy pants. You go first,” said Brian.


“I don’t see the relevance, but I’ll go with it…” answered Justin chuckling. “I was just having coffee with Brandon. He is in town because he has an audition with the New York Ballet for a second dancer position. That’s really big. He needed some moral support. I watched him dance. He is so fucking amazing. He pretended I was his ballerina and lifted me like I weigh nothing…”


“You weigh nothing…”


“Not compared to a ninety pound woman. It was really wild. Then he hugged me, and I hugged him back. He is so open about being in love with me. It’s hard to resist. While we were drinking coffee, he told me how scared he was about tomorrow. I touched his face. He is so damn good looking. I brushed his lips with mine, hardly a touch. It meant a lot to him, to know that I care. And I do care about him, a lot.”


“It freaked you out?”


“… Yes, it did. I didn’t get hard or anything. But he is… special to me.”


“He should be. You are not just friends. You two fucked, once upon a time. And it was not completely casual, at least not to him.”


“You don’t care that Brandon and I fucked?”


“I used to. But not anymore.”


“Why?”


“He is an amazing man. Truly beautiful, kind, funny, intelligent, educated, great in bed, and passionately in love with you.”


“Shouldn’t that make things worse, not better?”


“No. Because you see, even with someone like him around, you chose me. And every time I see him, every time I catch his eye lingering on you, every time I see how much he loves you, I am reminded that you chose me. That you choose me everyday that we are together, and that is about a million times better than if you’d never fucked with him…”


Justin turned to look at Brian. “I love you. I do choose you. My heart does, my body does. I am yours Brian. Never doubt that.”


Brian smiled. “I never do, Sunshine. I understood something a while back. No matter what, we belong to each other. Body and soul.”


That was such an amazing thing for Brian to think, for him to say. In the back of a cab, no less. Justin’s heart was so full it wanted to burst out of his chest. Brian gave his upturned face a little kiss. “We’re here, Sunshine.”


They got out and Justin paid, getting a receipt for the trip from Plexus to the loft. In the elevator, Brian asked, “You were derailed in what you were saying. Was there anything else about Brandon?”


Who? Oh yes. Brandon. “Yes. He was wondering if after his audition he and Todd could drop by so we could go out together.”

 

 

“Ha. Well I guess it’s my turn then,” said Brian, opening the loft’s door.


They took off and hung their coats, and Brian went to get them some water as Justin went to the bedroom to take off his shoes and change from his nice pants and shirt into jeans and t-shirt, after quickly washing the spunk off his pubic area . He smiled to himself. He was turning into Brian, acquiring a professional skin different from his everyday one.


Brian joined him, and changed as well, hanging his grey Armani and light blue tie, (so like his son’s), putting his white shirt in the dry cleaning bag, and putting on some jeans.


“I need more shirts,” said Justin.


“You do. You should have gotten the orange one, with the orange and green striped tie. It looked great.”


They went and sat on the couch with their bottles of Evian water.


“This client is arriving tomorrow. His name is Oliver Stokes. He is the rep for Axel Air.”


“I saw Julie’s stuff for them. It’s really good.”


“Yes. She has designed their campaign for the past three years. Sam did the first one. We have done fabulous work for them. Oliver was a client of mine in Pittsburgh. He followed me to New York.”


“A few did, right?”


“Yes. He was my biggest one, though. $100 000 a year’s worth then, about 150 now. I talked to my partners today, telling them there was a 50/50 chance we would lose the account this year. They were cool about it. I bring large accounts to the company all the time. It would be a loss, for sure, but a not a grievous one.”


“Why would you lose the account?”


“Because of the way I got it in the first place ten years ago, in the Pitts… When Oliver came to shop around for an ad agency, I wasn’t even a partner, just one of a few of us supplying support to our boss while he made the pitch. Oliver took a bathroom break. I thought I'd seen the signs. I followed him, shoved him in a stall, and fucked him.


“As we were leaving, he looked kind of smug, so I bent him over the sink and did it again, holding his hands behind his back. I fucked him hard, as hard as I could. It felt like there was an element of risk because it was a public bathroom, and supposedly someone could have walked in at anytime. He didn’t know I had signaled Cynthia before following him, and that no one could have gotten through her. We didn’t exchange a word. When we went back, he told the boss our agency had the account if I was directly in charge of it. I’ve never done this with any other client since, but he was my first one and got the ball rolling.”


“Wow.”


“Yeah, well. Not my proudest moment, for sure. But I’ve done a bang up job for his company, so I feel I’ve redeemed my youthful indiscretion. Except I haven’t really. Every year, he comes to town for three days, and we have a fuck fest. I’ve told myself it’s not for business anymore, that it’s independent of his signing the contract, and it’s been a lot of fun.


“He really is a fine fuck. I do him over lunch, and then in the evening, we go to the orgy room at Gillian’s together. He loves for me to whore him out. I’ve seen him get fucked by six or seven guys in one night, and suck just as many cocks. He loves it.”


“I’ve no intention of doing that this year. It would break all our rules, and they are worth more to me than the account. That’s what I told my partners today. They know about the fuck fest. Everybody does. Julie despises it. He never comes to Plexus. She brings the stuff to the hotel, and Oliver is not discreet. She actually caught us fucking, once. He loved that too.”


“Cynthia gave me my usual three hour lunch break.” He rubbed the back of his neck. “I’m not sure how I’m going to handle it. And I’m not sure about the evening either. I guess I’ll deal with it when I get there, but I can’t tell you for sure I’ll be home to enjoy Brandon and Todd’s company.”


Justin thought about it for a second. He would not be thrilled if Brian fucked someone else for three days, someone he knew, someone he’d fucked before, but it wouldn’t change the way they felt about each other. It might be awkward between them for a while but they could handle it…“Brian, if you do…”


“No, Justin.” Brian was dead serious. “It’s completely out of the question. I will not break our rules. Not for Oliver, not for the account, not for anything. It’s time this ends, anyway, but my word to you is immutable. That’s just the way it is.”


Justin couldn’t deny he felt really happy about that.


“I’ll tell Brandon. It won’t be the same without you. It never was, when we were apart. We all missed you. But I can see you have your hands full.”


Brian was looking out the window, thinking. Justin figured it was just as good a time as any to call Brandon and let him know.


“Fuck. Too bad, I was really looking forward to seeing Brian, and you know… Fucking together. There is something really special about it, that’s just the four of us, yeah? It’s intimate in a way all of us fucking with each other wouldn’t be. It’s about friendship, and fun. Oh, well. What’s he got going?”


Justin gave him a quick synopsis. Brian was right there and could hear him, so Justin knew he didn’t object to his telling Brandon.


Brandon was quiet for a moment. “Is the guy attractive?”


“Why?”


“Just ask.”


“Brian, is Oliver attractive?” asked Justin.


“Very.”


“I heard,” said Brandon. “I haven’t called Todd yet. Tell Brian I’ll fuck him.”


“What?”


“Tell him.”


“Uh… Brian, Brandon says he’ll fuck Oliver.”


Brian looked at him blankly, and then smiled slowly. “Pass me the phone.”


Justin did, a bit confused.


“Hey. Yeah… I’ll tell him at lunch, and if he takes away the account, too bad. I don’t want any part of it, anymore… Yeah… I feel bad, he’s been a good friend of sorts, so if it’s not for the account… I bet you can… Dream on, lover boy… Yeah… The loft, and then this place called Gillian’s… You’ll love it… Three days. Can you stay that long? Just one extra? Fine. He’ll have a two-day fuck fest instead of three… All day, eh?... Yeah, yeah, you’re a stud, I’ve heard… I’ll call you at lunch. If he dumps Plexus, you and Todd are on… Next week?... Sounds good. Hey, break a leg or whatever, tomorrow… Of course he told me… Oh, for fuck sake Brandon, it doesn’t matter. I know how you feel, and that you need that from him sometimes. You have my blessing. He loves you too, you know.” Brian laughed. “Maybe you’ll get lucky and I’ll get hit by a bus… That’s… that actually means a lot. Thanks. See you tomorrow.”


Brian smiled at Justin. “Sometimes I forget who Brandon is,” he said.


“What do you mean?” asked Justin, confused.


“He is the stud of Babylon, that’s what I mean. He loves you, and really likes Todd, but he also loves to fuck. An attractive bottom with sub tendencies? He is all over it.” Brian laughed. “So. This is how it’s going to go. I’m going to keep my appointment with Oliver, play racquetball with him…”


“You play racquetball?”


“Yes, occasionally. I’m not too shabby, either. So anyway. Then I will tell him our fuck fest is not on this year, and give him the contract. If he doesn’t sign, it’s goodbye Oliver, goodbye Axel, and good bye $150 000. That will be that. If he signs, I’ll invite him for drinks here after work, around seven, and Brandon will drop by. Our stud thinks he will be fucking him on the back of the couch before his first drink is empty, and that five minutes into it, Oliver will think ‘Brian? Brian who?’” Brian laughed, shaking his head. “Anyway, then we’ll go to Gillian’s, where you and I will make love in the extremely arousing environment of the orgy room, and Brandon will have fun with Oliver… Brandon can only stay an extra day, so Oliver will only have a two-day fuck fest extravaganza, but Brandon proposes to fuck him all day long, and says Oliver will hardly be able to walk when he gets back on the plane. Then Brandon will come back next week to surprise Todd.”


“And if Oliver doesn’t sign, he’ll call Todd and the original plan is back on?”


“Exactly.”


“Did you really used to think like that? Sex as just fucking, absolutely no strings attached?”


“I still do, Justin.” Brian caressed his face. “You’re the only one with whom it feels different, with whom sex as an expression of something else makes sense. With you, I make love. Even when we fuck, it’s love. I’ve never loved anyone else…” He kissed Justin’s lips, and rested their forehead together. “I love you, Justin Taylor. I love you.”


Said like that, outside of the bedroom, outside of the heat of passion, or of the special time of their lovemaking’s afterglow, it was almost overwhelming to hear. Justin closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. His love for Brian was present in every fiber of his being, somehow vibrating in response to his declaration.


Brian took him in his arms, and held him. “I can feel it, Justin. I feel you loving me. I feel your love all around me, like a physical thing, and it feels so good. I never again want to be without it. I like the man I’m becoming, loved by you.”


They stayed on the couch for a long time, holding each other. Then they kissed, and the quality of the embrace changed. They went to their bed, and made love to each other for a long time before going to sleep.


Tuesday turned out to be a very good day.


Justin fucked Brian in the shower, not a small feat with their height difference, but Brian had bent down and was washing his feet, and Justin could not resist his anus and balls. Grabbing the lube, he started finger fucking him, and then just slid in. Brian had moved his feet far apart, and he was just the right height. Justin held his hips to help him keep his balance, and it was truly amazing, Brian’s prostate was right there to hit with every stroke, his body wet and steamy, his ass so fucking tight.


“Fuck, Justin, this is really good…”


Apparently not good enough. Justin accelerated his thrusting, and leaned over Brian, grabbing his almost vertical cock and jerking him off really fast. The only thing out of Brian’s mouth after that was his cry of pleasure as he shot his come almost directly at the drain. Justin stopped moving, pushed deep inside and let the rhythmic contractions of Brian’s climax bring him off, and it was a fantastic orgasm.


Brian stood back up, a bit wobbly at first, and said, “Well, my feet are really clean.” And they both laughed for a while.


They were running a bit late, so Justin skipped breakfast and Brian ordered a muffin for him from LaShaun. He was nineteen, and functionally illiterate, so Justin had convinced him to go to the adult reading classes at the WMCA three afternoons a week, when his ‘duties’ were over. Now he spent his time at the corner reading comics. Brian had made fun of Justin at first, for getting involved beyond the “Here’s your coffee” that had worked well for him for years, but not anymore, not since seeing the smile on LaShaun’s face the first time he’d said, “Hey, Justin. I got an A on my test, man. I am kicking ass!”


They talked about Brandon’s audition. It was at 10:00, and Brian had a presentation from 9:00 to 11:00, so he would call Justin afterward, before heading to Oliver’s hotel. It was snowing again, so neither of them walked. No one was loitering in front of the building to see them arrive together with weather like that anyway. They had a chance at a quick kiss goodbye because they were alone in the elevator.


When Justin got to his desk, the one he’d occupied as an intern because it felt comfortable there, there was a note from Sam, and a file from “The Professor.”


This would be the first time Justin did a project for him. It was for a man’s fragrance.


There was a baggy attached with a bunch of paper tags in it. Justin opened it. They were sprayed with the new scent. It was wild. They smelled like Brandon had, yesterday, masculine clean sweat, and something floral. He closed the bag again, and read the file.


This was a new kind of fragrance, for men who did not have much of a natural scent, sedentary guys who did not sweat much, and did not have a ‘sexy’ smell. It was fabricated with, at its base, some synthetic pheromones that had tested as ‘really sexy’ man smell from a large sample of women, with a ’clean’ soap scent added, and a floral note, hibiscus, also synthetically recreated. It was the first fragrance entirely synthetically produced. It would react with the individual’s own pheromones to give each user a unique scent. It was really cool.


He looked at the clock. Brandon should have started dancing by now… He wished he could be there. He wished he could see him dance.


Justin smelled the samples again. Definitely Brandon. He guessed if you were going to smell like someone else, it might as well be a living god.

 

 

Living god.

 

 

The scent of Living Gods. Hum…


Justin opened his computer and started a new file. The ancient Greeks had living gods. He found a picture of a white-pillared Greek temple and cleaned it up, so it looked almost new, the white of the columns really white. The rocky ground he changed to beautiful grass, and then changed it again to tan colored desert sand. That was better. The sky was blue, but not blue enough. He changed it to a pollution free, high mountain blue sky. That inspired him to add snow covered mountains in the background, and he changed those to a chain that contained a volcano, a perfect cone which would stand as Mt Olympus in people’s psyches.


Then he went through stock photos looking for a god like guy. An extremely peasant task, really… So many gorgeous men, so little time… He chuckled.

 

 

The poor guys had hard obstacles to overcome, because Justin was measuring their attractiveness against Brian and Brandon. Brandon. Plexus had a whole file of stills taken of Brandon by Phil. Justin went through the file. Here was a view of Brandon from the back, wearing jeans and a red wife beater. He looked hot.


Brandon should be just about done with the audition by now. Justin hoped he’d danced as well as he could, that he would not be disappointed in his performance.


Justin removed the background, removed the color of the clothes so they were perfectly white. He gave Brandon a tan the blond man had no chance in hell of ever achieving and darkened his hair to a rich chestnut color. Then he dropped him on the wall of the temple, against the bright blue sky. Oh, yeah… That was good.


His phone rang.


“Justin Taylor”


“Hi, Justin. God, I nailed it. I danced better than I ever have in my life. I feel fantastic.”


“I’m so glad. I was thinking about you the whole time.”


“So was I… . Anyway. It’s over. I did my best. There were three other guys; I got to watch two of them. One not so hot, the other really good. So who knows? I’m going to hit the shower. I’ll see you tonight.”


“Yes. See you tonight. You’ll have to tell me more than this.”


“Will do.”


Justin sniffed the fragrance again. Yes. The man in the poster would smell just like that. Just like Brandon. A living god. Then it came to him. He added a sentence. “Living Gods have a fragrance.” He thought the name would have to have a Greek sound to it. The Professor would have to do what he did best and find out which the public most liked. Justin gave him three choices. Nissyros, Naxos, and Kythira. They were Greek islands, but he was sure there were a million other choices.


It was eleven. His phone rang again.


“Justin Taylor”


“Hey.”


“Brandon said he nailed it. He was up against three other guys. He’ll tell us more tonight.”


“That’s great. I'm sure the competition was great, but if he feels he danced his best he’ll have no regrets.”


“That’s pretty much what he said.”


“Well, I’m off. I’m not looking forward to this.”


“I bet. He’ll sign though. You have done beautiful ads for his company. The rest was just… icing on the cake.”


“Thanks, Justin.”


“Later.”


“Later.”


He produced three full-page ads, similar except for the sentence at the bottom.

 

 

Living Gods have a fragrance. Nissyros

Living Gods have a fragrance. Naxos

Living Gods have a fragrance. Kythira

 

 

He personally liked Naxos best, but who knew which word the public would associate a good smell to? Then he added two more.

 

 

Living Gods have a fragrance. Choreftis

Living Gods have a fragrance. Evodia


The first one meant Dancer, the second Fragrance. He was done. It was also almost time for him to leave for Pratt. The prelims were not even due for two days. He set them on Sam’s desk and was about to leave when Julie stopped him.


“Justin, could you do me a big favor? On your way, could you drop these and this contract at The Carlysle Hotel, suite…” She checked a piece of paper, “1209? It’s for an Oliver Stokes. He is a client of Kinney’s, and he cannot be bothered to actually come here.”


“Uh… Jules, I’m running a bit late…”


“It’s only a quarter past, Justin. Please? Pretty please? I really don’t want to go. I… Well. Kinney’s there, and they have sex. Every fucking year for three days, they have a little fuck fest at this hotel, and two years ago the door was open, believe it or not, and I walked in and they were right there, on the floor, doing it…” She shivered. “I will never get that image out of my mind. You’re gay. Even if they are, you know… At least you won’t be scared for life…”


Justin laughed. “Who was on top?” he asked, as if he didn’t know…


“JUUUUSTIIIIIN! Don’t even go there! I’ve been trying to forget for two bloody years!” Then she smiled sweetly. “You can volunteer, or I can pull rank… Either way, you’re doing it.”


Fuck. That’s all he needed. Well, he didn’t have much of a choice. He made a face. “You are going to have to pull rank. I don’t want to go.”


“Fine. Taylor, stop at The Carlysle and drop this off, in hand to an Oliver Stokes, suite 1209. Now. Bye.”


Justin sighed and picked up the file. Why hadn’t Brian taken it with him? Why did Julie have to go very year? He would ask. It didn’t make much sense. He got in a cab, gave the address, and called Brian. It went to voicemail.


“Brian, Julie send me to bring the Axel file to Mr. Stokes. I made excuses, said no, but she pulled rank. I’ll be there in ten minutes.”


He wondered if they were still playing racquetball, but it was 12:30. They really should be done by now. He tried to call again from the elevator, but it went to voicemail again. Oh, well. He made his way to the suite, and knocked on the door.


“Come in.” Masculine voice, not Brian.


He stepped in the room. A very hot looking guy was sitting leisurely on a chair, a towel around his waist. Great body, great tan, dark and handsome. There were racquetball clothes all over the floor.


“Well, hello, there. You’re not Julie.”


“No. I work with her. She asked me to bring this file to you.”


He was trying not to look at the man who had crossed his legs in his seat so that the towel was now showing more than it was hiding. He was keeping his eyes on the floor and suddenly noticed. There, on the floor, next to the sofa, among the discarded clothing was a wrapper he knew well. A condom wrapper. Brian’s favorite brand.


“Did you need to talk to Kinney? He’s in the shower, but he should be out any minute. We have some unfinished business.” Oliver laughed at his own innuendo.


He was running late for class. And he didn’t need to talk to Brian. “No, Julie said to give the file to you, so I’m done, here. Have a good day, sir.” There, next to the door, another wrapper.


“Kid, what’s your name?”


Justin thought about lying, but remembered the messages he’d left on Brian’s phone. There was no point. “Justin. Justin Taylor.”


“It was nice meeting you, Justin.”


Justin walked to the elevator and pressed the down button. He walked out of the elevator, and sat in one of the comfortable chairs in the lobby, looking at the huge bouquet on the center table, watching the hotel clients walk by.

 

 

Chapter 14 - Together - Part 2. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Together - Part 2


Brian had said, It’s completely out of the question. He had said, My word to you is immutable. Just like he had said, Anything and, Take as long as you need.


You either trusted someone, or you didn’t. He trusted Brian. So whatever fucking had happened up there had nothing to do with Brian. He took a deep breath, feeling lighter. It was really time to go. He was about to walk out when his phone rang.


“Justin Taylor.”


“Hey. Got your message. Sorry, I was in the shower… I was just trounced at racquetball. I should really play more than once a year.”


“Yes.” Justin grinned. “If you have any hope of winning, I would think so.”


“You’ve delivered the file.”


“Yes. Julie didn’t want to. I could see why. Mr. Stokes was flashing his balls at me.” Justin laughed.


“God. He can be such a jerk. I’m sorry I missed you.”


“He said you were in the shower. I guess I could have waited but I’m trying to make my class.”


“I’m just glad you didn’t walk in on anything.”


Justin chuckled. “Well there were clothes all over, and condom wrappers, so something fun definitely happened. I guess I just got there too late.”


Brian laughed. “I tell you, he doesn’t waste any time.”


Justin was about to walk out of the lobby when Brian walked in from the street. They smiled at each other, and Brian wrapped him in his arms.


“So glad I caught you! I told Oliver as soon as I saw him we wouldn’t be fucking this year. He said he was crushed, but that of course he’d renew the contract. Next thing I know, he is hitting on this guy who had been playing across from us while we were taking a water break between rounds, and then he's taking him back to the hotel. I told him I would shower at the club. I figure I should give him some time, so first I played against the man whose opponent he had absconded with.” Brian rolled his right shoulder, pulling a face. “He was much better than I am. I’m going to be sore…”


“I’ll rub it for you tonight if you want. Todd showed me a few moves.”


He kissed Justin’s lips. “What time is your class?”


Justin looked at the clock. “Shit. I’ve missed it. It’s all right. I’ll get the notes from Lilah. Why?”


“Have lunch with us? Oliver is being… difficult. It would help me get the point clearly across.”


Justin grinned. “He did imply you were in the shower in the room. Someone was.”


They went back up to the suite. It still looked the same. Now they could hear the blow dryer. Oliver was still in his towel, still flashing his balls, studying the file send by Julie.


He looked at Justin sheepishly. “You found him.”


“Mr. Kinney was walking in from the street as I was walking out.”


“I did everything I could to give this young man the impression it was you in the shower. I just hate for the word to spread that I actually sign with Plexus because you do such a fine job… It was much more fun when everyone thought you bought our business with your cock…”


Brian looked around the room, obviously noticing the clothes and the condom wrappers. “You thought it was me in the shower?” he asked Justin.


“He basically said it was.”


“And you didn’t think…”


“No. I didn’t.”


Brian picked up a wrapper. “That’s even my brand, Justin.”


“I know.”


“How could you not have thought…”


“Brian. Your word to me is immutable. I trust you. Completely.”


Brian looked at him with so much love in his eyes, Justin wanted to remember that look forever. He took Justin in his arms and kissed him, lovingly, passionately. When he stopped, Justin smiled. He loved Brian so much.


“Oh, fuck.” They turned to Oliver. “This is your partner. I had no idea. I would never have implied…” He gestured to the mess in the room.


Justin laughed. “It’s all right. The only thing I believed was that Brian was in the shower.”


“You mean you didn’t think that we had fucked?”


“Well, I figured somebody had, but not Brian.”


“Why?”


“I trust him.”


“I guess you must.”


A man walked out of the bathroom. He was handsome in a muscular sort of way.


“Well, took you long enough. Your showers last longer than you do, that’s for sure. Now, please, be gone while I get a shower?” Oliver disappeared into the bathroom.


“What an jerk,” said the man. He dropped his towel and picked up his clothes off the floor, getting dressed rapidly. “Good fuck though.” He shrugged and left.


Brian and Justin cracked up.


“Can’t wait to see what Brandon makes of him…” said Justin.


At lunch Oliver was funny and charming, not once referring again to Brian and his past, which really was nice. Axel Air was a company specializing in business flights by hydroplane, allowing business people to land very close to the center of towns where they were going for work, or to depart close to their offices without having to go to the big airports.


Flights were expensive, but in business, time is money, and it was worth it to a lot of companies. They flew to and from any city with a large enough waterway to allow them take off and land. Oliver was actually a pilot for the company, who doubled as their publicity rep. They kept costs down in the company by all of them doing double duty.


After lunch, Brian was due back at the office, and Justin decided to go to Pratt and paint until the meeting at the loft at 7:00. He looked at the painting he had planned on his computer. One in particular pleased him. He did a couple of modifications to it, then started transferring the general outline to the canvas. It was large, 4X6, and it had been a while since he’d painted something that big.


Once the transfer was over, he started with a base coat. It was thin enough that the drawing still showed underneath. He actually lightened the color about two shades. It was amazing how much his taste in colors had changed in the past few months. It went from a grass green to a lime green. The first details had been planned in burgundy, but that didn’t suit him anymore either.


He stopped painting, and changed all the colors on the design before continuing. He felt the colors he had worked with before were somehow ‘in fashion’ and realized that they did not please him as much as colors that appealed to him without reference to what was selling at the moment.


The ones he picked now pleased him on an esthetic level, because of their harmony, or contrasts, and would stay true for years because they had no time reference. No one would look at his painting and think, “This is so 2005”, or whatever. He chuckled to himself. Chances are they would think, “This is so weird” but, oh well. It made him happy.


So it was lime and persimmon, and raspberry. Hm… A fruit platter. Maybe he was out of his mind. Yet, the pale yellow that appealed next was definitely the shade of a peeled banana. Best obtained by mixing cadmium and white. Somehow that reassured him that he was not just craving fruits because it was the middle of winter and letting that guide his choices. The cadmium was a normal choice for him now, and had never been wrong yet.


Once he had changed all the colors he was very pleased with the result, and no, it did not look like the shirt of a Florida retiree. There were about six different shades of green. It looked like the rainforest, even to the irregular stripes of silvery grey-green that replaced the fashionable dark grey. Now they looked like water dripping after the rain. He only had time for one more color today before he had to head home. He loved how organic the planned painting looked with the new colors. God. He loved painting.


He felt so blessed suddenly it was almost frightening. He loved his job, he loved his man, he loved his career, he loved his friends. Was it allowed to be so happy? As he was washing his hand, a cut he’d gotten the day before separating the two halves of a frozen bagel really stung with the turpentine. He chuckled. There. Life wasn’t perfect after all. Nothing to worry about…


He rode back to the loft feeling really good. Brian would be there already. That meant a kiss welcome. And he couldn’t wait to watch the Brandon/Oliver show. That promised to be something… He paid the cab and took the elevator up. The door opened before he had time to dial the code and Brian pulled him in, devouring his mouth, his hands everywhere. Justin kissed him back, loving the taste of J&B on his tongue. Brian looked at him with a smile.


“I saw you five hours ago. How lesbianic is it for me to tell you I missed you?”


“Terribly. I’ve been looking forward to this kiss since I left Pratt. Does that make you feel better?” He hung his coat in the closet.


Brian’s hand was on his cock, which was nicely hard inside his fabulous Jay Kos pants. “This makes me feel even better,” he said.


Justin made his way to the bedroom, to change into clothes appropriate for Gillian’s. Brian was watching him leaning on one of the sliding panels. Justin hung his nice pants, and put his shirt in the dry cleaning bag.


“I really need another couple of shirts,” he said.


“Nah,” said Brian. “You have enough.”


And when Justin opened the drawer to get his jeans out, there was the orange shirt he had really liked, and another one, white with light green stripes. He shook his head, and turned to Brian.


“It’s a belated Valentine’s Day gift,” said Brian. “I love the tie.”


Justin opened the closet again, and there it was, where he had not noticed it before, the beautiful green and orange striped tie. He loved it. And he loved the shirt. He just wasn’t sure about how he felt about Brian buying them for him. He was caressing the silk of the tie when his boxers were rather decisively pulled down. He only had time to grab onto the bar his hangers were on to keep his equilibrium when a well lubed cock found its way up his ass.


Fuck, that felt fantastic. With the bar helping him, he was able to raise himself on his toes as Brian started pumping into him. He closed his eyes, the pleasure of the sudden invasion and of the massage his prostate was getting almost overwhelming. Then, Brian’s well lubed hand was on his cock, Jerking him off just so, and Brian’s voice was in his ear, saying, “Play with your nipples, Justin, make them hard.”


Justin had removed his nipple ring a few days prior, and he was able to rub them equally, and pinch them until they were pebbly and sensitive. The pleasure in his cock was increasing exponentially, and the stimulation of his prostate was making his head spin. “Brian, I’m not going to last, this is so good…”


“I want you to come, Justin, come for me, come because you love me.”


The words were enough. Keening in absolute bliss, Justin let go, and his come would have been all over his clothes had not Brian caught it all in his hand. He could feel Brian spurting violently in the condom deep in his ass, accompanying his last throbs. As soon as Brian pulled out, He turned around and kissed him wildly, as if his next breath depended on it. Making love with Brian was always so perfect, always new, always amazing.


Finally they parted. Brian was wiping his hand on Justin’s boxers.


“I guess you’re going commando this evening, Sunshine,” he said smiling.


Justin laughed. “Yes, because that’s the only pair of boxers I own…”


“No, because that way I can feel you so much better when I put my hands on you.”


Justin pushed him backwards on the bed and straddled him, holding down his hands. “Brian, Brian, Brian…” He did not want to tell him he loved him. He did not want the words to get stale from use.


Brian looked up at him, with laughter in his eyes. “I know,” he said. “Me too.”


Justin kissed his lips and went into the bathroom for a quick rinse before putting on his clothes. As he walked by, he opened his sock drawer, took out the little box hidden there, and threw it to Brian over his shoulder without looking back. It was something he’d bought a while back, when they had been apart, and he had figured he would give it to Brian at some point. It would do perfectly fine as a ‘belated Valentine’s Day present.’ He was rinsing off in lukewarm water when he heard, “Holy shit, Sunshine!” and he laughed to himself. It cost a lot less than two Jay Kos shirts and a tie, but it would last a lot longer…


By the time he came out, the bedroom panels were closed and he could hear Brian talking to Oliver in the other room. He put on his black jeans, his black long sleeve silk T-shirt, and walked down to the kitchen where Oliver was sitting at the bar, drinking Tequila on ice and smoking one of Brian’s joints. Brian had refreshed his J&B, and poured Justin an Absolut Vodka, which bottle Justin knew very well contained nothing but water.


It was for Brandon, but since they had not warned him, Brian had decided Justin would drink some too to let Brandon know. Brian was in the kitchen spooning olives out of a container, but really, it was from this exact spot at the bar that Oliver would get the best first view of Brandon when he walked in.


The buzzer went, and Justin went to let Brandon in. “Come on up, it’s all open.”


Brian had apparently been telling Oliver about this friend of Justin's they’d had plans with that evening, apologizing for not being able to cancel. When Brandon walked in, both Brian and Justin justhappened to be looking at Oliver, whose mouth literally fell open. Justin walked to the door to welcome him, kissing him on the cheek and whispering, “Absolut”, and almost lost it when he heard Brian whisper, “Close your mouth” behind him.


Brandon looked, well, like only Brandon could look wearing jeans and a leather jacket. His hair was held back in a ponytail and he wore an earring that matched his eyes.


He leaned to Justin. “You wore this the night of your opening in Pittsburgh and I fucked three guys that night in the back room, thinking of you every time I came.” When he pulled out all the stops, Brandon really could be dangerous. But in this case, he knew Brandon was warming himself up to meet Oliver, so he didn’t even hesitate to answer, “And the next night we each fucked the other three times. And I thought of no one but you.”


Brandon’s eyes were burning with lust when Justin introduced him to Oliver, a friend of Brian's. Brandon looked him up and down and Justin heard Oliver actually keen.


“Absolut with a slice, as usual?” asked Brian.


“Yes, and I’ll have some of this as well,” said Brandon, taking the joint out of Oliver’s hand. He took only a very small toke, downed his ‘Vodka’ in one gulp, and when Brian said, “Let’s move to the living room, we’ll be more comfortable,” Brandon leaned to Oliver and said, “Don’t bother sitting down.”


They did move to the living room, Justin sitting on the arm of Brian’s armchair. Brandon followed Oliver, and when they got close enough, just grabbed his belt and pushed his shoulders down so that Oliver’s upper torso was leaning on the back of the couch. As he was undoing Oliver’s belt, opening his zipper and pulling down his pants and underwear, Brandon asked Justin, “So, did you paint this afternoon?”


“I did.” Justin turned to include Brian in his response. “I started a big one, 4X6. I’d planned it a while back, and I am going to keep the outline and composition, but I’m changing the colors.”


Brandon had gotten lube out of his pocket and was preparing Oliver, finger fucking him without any apparent thought as he inquired, “Why did you change the colors?”


“Well, when I planned it, I think I was influenced by what everyone else was painting, you know? You get kind of pulled into a certain fashion. But I’ve been mostly painting on my own for several months, or with Lilah, not as part of a class, and I guess my personality is coming through more.”


Brandon just unbuttoned his fly, and not even looking at what he was doing pushed his ten inches of cock into Oliver’s ass. Oliver’s eyes just rolled back in his head and he let out a quiet, “Oh, God…”


“Is the new one over there a reflection of that, then?” asked Brandon.


Justin was amazed he had noticed The Colors of my Heart had been replaced by Life is beautiful II. He had not even seen him look that way.


“Yes. Yes it is.”


“I had to beg him to let me buy it. He wanted to just bring it home,” said Brian.


“He brings it home, it’s his. You buy it, it’s yours. I would have wanted to buy it too.” Brandon was leisurely fucking Oliver, his voice not even affected by his activity, as if he was hardly noticing. Oliver, on the other hand, was holding onto the leather with both hands, panting, his face a picture of ecstasy. Brandon continued, “You know how you asked me that time how your paintings made me feel? This one feels like hope, and love. It feels the way you two look when you fuck. Beautiful.” He smiled at them.


“Excuse me a moment, I think your friend is ready.” He grabbed Oliver’s hips, and pumped into him hard and deep four times before Oliver was crying out wordlessly, coming hard all over the back of the couch. Brandon stayed deep in his ass for a second, his eyes closed, shivering once, and pulled out. He slipped off the full condom, tied it up, and put it in Oliver’s hand who took it automatically. “Get rid of this for me, will you? And please, clean up the couch, for heaven’s sake.” He buttoned up his pants and came to sit on the couch.


“I can’t wait for your exposition. I think it’s going to be amazing.”


Justin could tell he really meant it, and he smiled.


“So,” said Brian, “give us details about today.”


Brandon’s face showed his pleasure and surprise that Brian should be the one to ask. “It was great. Whether I get it or not, I danced my very best today. If it wasn’t good enough, you know, so be it. There is always someone better. But at least I will know they saw everything I can give. I’ll know soon. They said a couple of days, so for sure by the weekend. If I do get it, it will mean a lot of changes. I think I would have about a month to make the move.”


Oliver had cleaned the couch and found the garbage. He was coming to join them. He was about to sit down when Brandon said to him with a very nice smile, getting him to his knees instead, “Ah! Here you are. Suck me off, will you?” And he unbuttoned his pants again, this time actually lowering his pants to mid-thigh. “And don’t touch anything behind my balls. There are only two people allowed to go there, and you’re not one of them.”


“The second dancer in Pittsburgh is really good, and he could take my place, I think, at least temporarily, so I wouldn't leave them in a bind. And the apartment should sell ok, once they stage it with furniture and remove the bar. The move to New York would be wild though. But you both handled it, and I’m sure, so will I.”


“What did you do for your finale, since I wasn’t there to help you?” asked Justin, grinning.


“I thought about you guys, actually. I finished with a fouette tournant, and I could imagine myself changing color every two turns. I had no problem smiling. I really can’t think of Jessica though, otherwise I would fall down laughing every time I do a jete. ‘Arrre you channeling a dancing bearrr?’ It gets me every time…”

 

 

Brandon petted Oliver's bobbing head fondly. “You are quite good at this, you know that?” Oliver looked up at him and smiled, as much as a person can smile with ten inches of dick going in and out of their throat.


“What about you, Brian. How was your day?” asked Brandon.


“I stole one of Gardner's bigger clients this afternoon.”


Justin turned to him, amazed. Vangard was a great company. Taking their clients was next to impossible. “How did you do that?” he asked, excited.


“You know the guy who whipped me at racquetball this morning?”


“Yes.”


“I gave him one of my cards. Told him I obviously needed to play more, and that if he was up to helping an inferior player improve, he should give me a call. He was really, really good. I could learn a lot from him, and racquetball is fabulous exercise.”


Brian smiled. “He called twenty minutes after I got back to my office. Asked me if I was the Brian Kinney who had the Body by Design account and the Click-Clack one. I said yes, I was. He said I sucked at racquetball, but sure knew how to put out a good ad campaign. I told him I didn’t suck. There was just ample room for improvement.


“He said Vangard had his account. Moebius Electronics. They are coming out with a new product, a digital recorder that mimics the old fashion tape recorder, except better, obviously. You record live music, and replay it, and the quality is superb because there is an intelligence chip in there that recognizes what belongs on the recording and what doesn’t.


“For example, you are recording a concert in the park, and there is a guy at the front that keeps coughing, and a woman next to you unwrapping candy, and it knows these two sounds are different than the rest of the recording and just eliminates them altogether. He said Vangard presented their idea for the campaign to him and it was very good. I had thirty seconds to think of something off the top of my head and steal his account from Vangard. So I did.


“What?” “What did you say?” Brandon and Justin asked together.


Brian smiled. “I though of Ted and Blake, of the opera, of a mason with not much money who would love the opera. So I told him about the mason, sitting in the nosebleed section on one of those old fold out seats, recording Puccini’s La Boheme illegally, and of his neighbor who can’t sit still and has a chair with a squeak. Then the mason is doing some repair in the Opera house, on the staircase, where every twenty steps there’s an alcove with a bust of a great composer. Our Opera thief is working quietly listening to his pure recording without a squeak to be heard, and the camera sweeps up the stairs, past the bust of Mozart, that of Verdi, and finally stops on Puccini. The aria is playing, and a tear slowly rolls down the statue’s cheek. I got the account.”


“That’s really good,” said Brandon. “Yes, you too, Oliver, but I was talking to Brian.”


“Especially since I know nothing about opera, and just pulled the name of that one out of who knows what vague memory of an overheard conversation between Ted, Blake and you… I don’t even know what an aria is…”


They laughed.


Justin was quiet. He was picturing the whole sequence in his mind, the old man with a white mustache and gnarly arthritic fingers, the burgundy-red of the old seat, the stage, far away, the size of a bar of soap, illuminated, the reflection of the stage light on the crystal chandeliers and the gilded plaster, the ultra modern recorder on the old man’s corduroy clad knee, brown corduroy, his fingers yellow with nicotine, his neighbor a prissy private school music teacher with a blue cashmere sweater that would cost half a month's salary, suffering from hemorrhoids, with an imitation Rolex on his wrist, and long narrow feet and pointy knees, and the sound of the dying girl’s last song filling the air…


“Justin?”


“I want to work on it. I want to help stage it. I can see it, the whole thing. The burgundy-red velvet and the brown corduroy, and the blue cashmere and the nicotine stain…”


“What are you talking about?” asked Brandon.


“Justin sees it. He sees the whole scene, with every detail, right Justin?”


“I’m sorry. It’s brilliant, Brian. I can’t believe you came up with something like that off the top of your head.”


“And I can’t believe you know the color of the old man’s pants off the top of yours. I’ll talk to Adam. I’ll tell him…I don’t know yet. Something. You can share you vision with him. I’m sure he’ll love it. Maybe you can draw it and I can tell him that’s exactly what I want. I can ask Sam to give it to you.”


“Wait, wait. It wouldn’t be fair. I don’t want to take advantage of our relationship that way. I got carried away.”


“Justin, the man remembered the Body by Design campaign. That was yours.”


“I didn’t have anything to do with the Click-Clack one.”


“No, that was mine. Yours and mine. We can give him exactly what he came for, a campaign that’s yours, and mine. It’s not favoritism, it’s good business. He loved my idea. He'll love your vision.” Brian put his hand on Justin’s face. “Come on. Sunshine. Let’s do this together. It’ll be fun. I love working with you.”


Justin smiled at him. “You really can sell anything.” He bent down and kissed Brian.


The kiss was heating up a bit when they heard “Yes… suck the tip, suck it, yes, swallow, swallow, yeah, yeah, like that, oh… good boy, Oliver. You may now sit on the couch, or we can take this show on the road.”


They left for Gillian’s without further ado. Justin was a little gun shy about making love in the orgy room. He did not want anyone to try and join their lovemaking, and even though he was pretty sure Brian did not want that either he felt a little insecure.


It cost Brian $500.00 to get two extra guests in, but he did not seem bothered in the least. They all got naked in the locker room, and walked into the orgy room. Justin did not know the music this time, but it was sexy and pulsating. The low lights made everyone look better, sexier, and the sights and sounds in there were incredibly arousing. They stopped for a moment, and Brandon said, “I just found one more reason why I want to move to New York…”


Brian grabbed two come towels from a pile by the door. One was white, as they usually were, the other black. Holding Justin by the hand he made his way to an empty bed, and placed the black towel at the end.


“That means we don’t want company, Justin. I have no intention to share you with anyone else. They can look, and wish they were me all they want, but no one touches you but me…”


Justin smiled, relieved and happy, though he thought others would be jealous of him, not of Brian. They sat in the middle of the bed, Brian holding him tight.


“Look over there, Justin. See the tall guy fucking the black guy? Look how beautifully he moves, look at that sinuous motion. Perfection. Look at the black guy’s cock. Fuck. That’s a thing of beauty. Look, that guy thought so too, he is sliding under him to suck him. Does it turn you on Justin, to watch all these other men fuck?”


“Oh, yeah…”


“Tell me which you like.”


Justin looked around. There was so much going on. There was a guy fucking another one’s mouth. That always got him. “Over there. Remember when you fucked my mouth like that?”


“Oh, fuck, Justin. That was so hot. I loved it so much.” He kissed Justin in the way that made him lose touch with reality. It was so good…


“Justin, I want to eat your ass, just like that time with you on your back holding your knees. Then I want to fuck your mouth again, and as soon as I come I want to plunge into your ass, and get hard again fucking you, and make you come screaming my name. OK?”


Justin lay on his back, and forgetting all the eyes in the room, exposed himself to Brian. He loved when Brian did this, and though he himself had learned to love doing it to Brian, Brian seemed to find so much pleasure and joy doing it to him, he could never match that. Soon the warm delicious tongue was coming in and out of his ass, circling his hole, licking, sucking and Justin was mewling in pleasure. Two men were nearby, watching him come undone, jerking off, and Justin didn’t care, as long as Brian never stopped. The licking was heaven but then the tongue fucking was heaven, and then Brian’s lips closing in and sucking his juices out was heaven. Whatever Brian did, Justin never thought it could get better and then it did. He could hear nonsense words of appreciation pouring out of him and he had no idea what he said, but when he finally came, Brian’s tongue deep in his ass, and sprayed come all over his belly and chest. Both the watchers came as well, long spurts of come hitting the floor.


Brian came up between his legs and said “You look so good covered in spunk.”

 

 

Justin sat up and kissed him, tasting himself in his mouth, though it tasted too sweet to be just his ass, surely. Brian stood up, and Justin took him in his mouth. He sucked him off for a while, and then signaled he was ready by holding Brian's hands on his head.

 

 

“Oh, fuck yeah…” Brian started slowly, but it didn't matter really, Justin was ready for him.


He loved the smooth glide of Brian’s cock down his throat, and concentrated on keeping his breathing in rhythm with Brian’s motions, and his throat relaxed against gagging. Brian was fucking him hard and fast, holding his head nice and secure. Once again, a lot of eyes were on them, mostly because Brian was enjoying himself with no restraint whatsoever, taking his throat and mouth as his, completely.


“Justin, oh, god Justin, here I come, oh fuck, I love you, I love you…” He seemed to come forever, and Justin swallowed it all because it was Brian, his essence in his mouth.

 

 

Then Brian pushed him down again, and was inside him. Justin thought he would die it felt so good, so hot, so soft and then Brian cursed, and pulled out, ripping a condom package open, putting lube sloppily on it, and coming in again. Oh, God. For a few seconds they had been raw and it had felt so incredible. Justin wanted it back. He wanted Brian’s naked cock inside him. Brian was getting hard again inside him, swelling back to full size, stretching him, and Justin got lost in the marvelous sensations, in the warmth of him, the size of him, the look of fierce joy on his face, the pleasure building, building like a storm, and Brian’s voice, “So good, my love, so perfect, so fucking perfect, you and me, Oh god Justin, my Sunshine, my love, all yours, only yours, forever,” and Justin felt Brian’s orgasm tearing through him, and only had to follow where it led, where he could no longer tell where he finished and Brian started, where they were one, carried on a wave of pleasure greater than themselves.


He woke up with Brian’s weight fully on him, the beloved body completely lax. He was heavy, but it also felt wonderful to hold him, knowing their mutual pleasure had been great enough to render Brian unconscious as well for a while. As soon as Brian returned to his senses, he took his weight on his arms and lifted himself. Justin couldn’t help his lungs filling fully as soon as the weight was off, and Brian said, “I’m sorry.”

 

 

Justin said, “I’m not. Not at all.” And he and Brian laughed looking at each other with wonder.


Brian slipped behind Justin, and spooned him, and they both realized they weren’t home. They looked around for Brandon and Oliver, and there they were, Brandon fucking Oliver as some other guy had his dick in his mouth. Brian guessed Oliver’s tastes never changed.


“Sunshine, let’s go home.”


“Yes, let’s.”


They abandoned their friends to their fun time and got dressed, took a cab home, Brian holding Justin all the way, took a shower together, lovingly soaping each other, and fell into bed, tight against each other, asleep almost immediately.

 

 

Chapter 15 - Live and love. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Live and love


Justin’s kiss had tasted of lemon icing and his smile had been beautiful when he left the cab. Brian watched him walk toward Plexus in the rearview mirror with a bounce in his step. They were running a bit late again, just a few minutes, and Brian smiled remembering Justin, his beautiful new orange shirt and striped tie already on, lying on his back with his ankles on Brian’s shoulders as Brian, himself still fully naked, was pumping into him.


He had come out of the bathroom to find Justin, in his boxers and shirt, tying his own tie, watching himself in the mirror with an intense look of concentration, the pink tip of his tongue between his lips, determined not to have to ask Brian to do it for him anymore. He had looked… adorable (when had Brian started to think such things without gagging?), and Brian had asked, “Need any help?”


Justin had looked up briefly from his task and smiled. “No. I think I’ve got it.”


“I think you are doing fine. I was just offering moral support.” And he had dropped to his knees, pulling down Justin’s boxers, and taking the quiescent cock in his mouth.


“You are just trying to distract me,” Justin had said, chuckling. “I think you like tying my ties for me.”


Well, he was right about that, Brian did like tying his tie, to just stand close and smell his ‘Justin just out of the shower’ smell and get his little thank you kiss at the end. But sucking on Justin's beautiful cock, even if it lacked his wonderful end of the day aroma, was pretty special too, especially when Justin was saying, “Humm… This feels so nice. It really makes me want your cock up my ass.”


Brian had pushed him down on the bed and said, “I am here to serve.” The knot in the tie was perfect, the color of the shirt brought out his pale and luminous complexion, and Justin had smiled at him, as he gloved up and lubed. Justin never turned him down, he was always ready, willing and able, even though Brian well knew his libido was ridiculously strong, and that he was one of the few men out there who did not have a refractory period. Of course Justin was only twenty-three. It might change in time.


When he pushed into Justin’s amazingly relaxed sphincter, only to have it tighten around him once he was fully in, Justin had said “God, I needed that…” even though they had made love when they had both woken up horny in the middle of the night. Brian smiled thinking that then again, it might never change…


Brian had fucked him hard and fast, as Justin held onto the bars at the head of the bed, making Brian hit his prostate on the return by canting his hips.


“It feels so good, Brian, so good…I love you cock in my ass, stretching me, filling me, taking me. You feel so big, so hard, so warm. I loved it at Gillian’s the other day, when your entered me naked. You felt so hot and soft and perfect, it was so good.”


Remembering the feel of Justin’s ass with no lube but his spit and nothing but sweet skin made Brian's arousal peak. He rolled in his lips lest he say something he might not want to say just yet, and grabbed Justin’s cock through the silk boxers he had just pulled off of him. Silk slid on silk and Justin’ body started trembling.


Brian looked at the pink flush of Justin's cheek, at his lips parted in pleasure on his white teeth, at his tongue darting out to lick the lower lip, and finally at his blue eyes, half lidded in pleasure, blinking at him slowly and at the smile blooming on Justin’s face when his orgasm carried him away. He felt the warmth and wet of Justin release in the silk material, and he let himself go, imagining his come painting Justin's silky insides with the same warmth and wet, wanting it so bad he could taste it. As it was, he came in long spurts inside the condom, saying his name, “Justin…”


Reviewing his schedule for the day with Cynthia, Brian noted that he would see Justin again before lunch, as they were both due in the projection room to review the takes of the toddlers. There was a little note from Adam that said, “We think it’s coming out great even though it was a stupid idea. The next person who wants toddlers in a commercial will have to film them themselves…” Brian cracked up. He was glad he’d had nothing to do with it.


More worrisome was the Urgent Private Meeting called by his partners that had rated high enough that Cynthia had rescheduled one of his presentations. That was not a good sign, but it wasn’t until four so there was no reason to worry about it now.


All in all a very busy day. He would go to the gym at lunch and work out. That would help keep him focus. He started by reviewing and asking for a million changes from a proposal coming from Randy. They did not communicate well, and Brian always had a hard time getting what he wanted out of him.


That was why he worked better with Julie. They seemed to speak the same language, and she would mostly send him what he’d asked for. But that left the complete onus of creativity on him. Sam on the other hand always felt free to make suggestions and propose new ideas, as did Justin, but then you were left with deciding whose idea was better.


Marcus had shown Brian an ad for a man’s fragrance designed by Justin. His prelim looked like a finished product, which made it hard not to accept his suggestions for the ad, because one would feel guilty making him start again from scratch. Of course in that case the prelims were brilliant, and Marcus had just been showing them off. Brian had wondered what the ground would have looked like with grass, and how the sea would have looked in the background instead of Mount Olympus, and he would have sent them back asking for that, but Marcus loved it uncritically. It was beautiful. Now Marcus would do what he did best, and ‘focus group’ the thing to death to find an appropriate Greek name. Brian had jokingly offered Eros, but Marcus, always serious, had only added it to his growing list.


At eleven, he went to take a look at the toddlers’ takes. Justin was already there. They were hilarious. One baby in particular who looked like a miniature Alfred Hitchcock had the cutest expressions, and they had matched the voice perfectly, with a slightly nasal upper class British tinge. They had changed and added some dialogue to take advantage of particularly cute moments and the whole thing was a hoot.


On a couple of outtakes, Brian noticed Justin had been present at the shoot, reassuring moms, changing diapers, and making faces for the babies to copy which was really funny. It apparently worked on some of them. The whole film crew seemed to agree that he had been a blessing and that without him, they wouldn’t have gotten some of the better shots.


They also teased him mercilessly because so many of the moms had given him their numbers, and some of them definitely not as a potential babysitter. Justin was so cute when he blushed.


Having finalized the choices of shots with Chris, they ended up riding the elevator together and as usual in these cases, the cabin got stuck between floors. Brian grabbed Justin’s tie and pulled him closer.


“Hey, Sunshine. How is it going?”


Justin smiled at him. “Really well, thanks.”


“Would you like a kiss?” Brian was brushing Justin’s lips with his.


“Yeah. I’d love a kiss…”


Brian encircled him in his arms, and touched their lips together, tracing the seam of Justin’s lips with his tongue. Justin’s lips parted, and Brian backed away.


“Tell me,” he said. He came close again, and licked Justin’s lower lip, backing away when Justin got close again. “Tell me,” he said again.


“… I’d like a kiss, please?” said Justin, not sure what he wanted.


Brian shook his head. “No, Justin. Tell me…”


Justin smiled, and looked in Brian’s eyes, “I love you, Brian. I love you.” Brian kissed him, putting his heart and soul into it, amazed once again that Justin should love him, that this beautiful, talented, sweet boy/man should want him in his life. Yet, when he backed away from the kiss, it was all there on Justin’s smiling face, acceptance, passion, awe, joy, happiness, and unmistakably, love.


Brian smiled at him. “And I, you. Don’t paint too late tonight. Call me. I… Fuck, Justin, I know I’ll miss you until you get home.”


Justin’s smile was so beautiful, so happy. “You are not working tomorrow, are you?”


“Not that I know of,” said Brian, thinking of the emergency Partners’ meeting.


“Let’s stay home tonight, and make love all night…”


Brian kissed him again, very much approving the idea. Then his phone rang. They both laughed and Justin pressed the stop button back in, getting the elevator going again.


“Kinney… Oh. Brandon, that’s fantastic… Yes, we do have plans but it’s the kind of plan we are happy to share with you and Todd… We’re staying in and making love all night. Is that enough of a celebration?” Brian laughed. “Yes, he’s right here… Of course I’ll tell him… Of course I’m sure it’s all right… See you tonight.”


The doors had already opened on the second floor, and Justin was blocking the electric eye with his knee.


“Brandon’s been hired as a second dancer by the New York City Ballet. He wants to come to the loft with Todd and celebrate with us. It is all right, isn’t it?”


“That’s fantastic. And yes. It’s perfectly all right. It’s special, the four of us, you know?”


“I know.” Brian smiled. “By the way, he left a message on your phone. He said it went to voicemail without ringing. “


Justin got his phone out of his pocket, and opened it. “Shit. It’s dead.”


“Did you charge it?”


“All night. The battery doesn’t hold the charge anymore. I need a new phone. I’ll buy a new one today after class.” He looked at Brian with a grin. “You’ll have to call me. I don’t even know your number, or the loft’s. It’s pathetic really. I’ve got to go. I don’t want to miss class again.” He looked right and left, and seeing no one, kissed Brian’s lips. “Later.”


“Later.”


It was ridiculous, but Brian hated that for a few hours, Justin would be out of reach. It would be good for him to get a new phone though. His had really been on its last leg.


Brian went and worked out. While he was lifting weights, he thought about the strange symbiosis that existed between Brandon and Todd and Justin and he. He really enjoyed having sex in parallel with them, yet had no desire to trade partners. He could absolutely appreciate how attractive Todd was, and of course, Brandon was in love with Justin, so one would have thought that at some point, a switch would occur, but it never did. They enjoyed watching each other fuck immensely, but that’s as far as it went.


On the other hand, it would never have occurred to Brian, nor apparently to Brandon or Justin, to do the same with Oliver instead of Todd. It just would not feel right. He wondered about Todd and Brandon. What was going to happen now that they were in the same city? Right now, they had the kind of relationship he had thought he would have with Justin. They were a constant in each other's life but pursued other interests when not together.


The ‘rules’ he and Justin had worked out would allow exactly for that, and as far as Justin knew, it might be happening. Twice this week they had spend the evening apart, Justin painting at the studio then yesterday finishing the evening alone at Essengy, and Brian out at two different clubs where Justin had never even been.


One of them was an old favorite of Brian’s, where you could go and fuck in rooms that seem completely private, except that one of the walls was a one-way mirror and that you could be seen fucking by the entire dance club, which walls each were adjacent to three or four rooms. Through lighting effects, the DJ could have them all ‘open’ to viewing, or could highlight one, two, or several of the rooms. Brian had both loved watching while dancing, and fucking in the rooms, never knowing if you were in private or if two hundred guys were watching you.


There was a regular back room with large screen TVs showing what the DJ was highlighting at the moment, where people mostly got blow jobs or jerked off watching the action. Brian had gone there fully intending to get a blow job. Instead, just as he had in the orgy room as Gillian’s that time, he had jerked himself off, watching other men fuck.


It was not for lack of offers. Even halfway through he could have, at any time, just by looking intently at one guy or another, finished off down someone’s throat. He just didn’t feel like it . He had wondered afterward if he was just having a hard time taking that first step, because since the day after Christmas he had been completely monogamous. Was he unconsciously worried that if he got a blowjob, the next thing he knew, he would be fucking some guy against the wall?


So last night, he had purposefully taken one guy up on his offer, and gone to the lounge to get blown. He had taken down his pants and the trick had taken him in and he had been quite good at it. But as the guy was deep throating him, he had kept losing his erection, unless he closed his eyes and imagined it was Justin doing him. And the trick was not half as good at it as Justin was. So what was the fucking point? He had pulled out of the trick's mouth, and said, “I think I left my iron on.” He had gone home, taken a shower and waited for Sunshine to get home from Essengy. He had wondered the whole time if Justin was getting a blowjob, as had been his habit in the past, or if he was even fucking someone.


When Justin had arrived from the club, however, he had looked incredibly happy to see Brian home already (It was only a little after midnight), and he had put on a CD of Enigma and done a slow strip tease for Brian. He was sexy as fuck when he wanted to be, and he had really wanted to. He had finished, standing in front of Brian, his innocent sexy horny smile a total turn on, his torso covered in glitter and his cock very hard.


When Brian had taken him in his mouth, his gorgeous cock had only smelled of Justin-clean-sweat and delicious end of the day musk. No latex, no lube and no one else's spit. After making him cry out in pleasure and gratefully swallowing his love’s spunk, Brian had taken him from behind, fucking him deep and slow, finally coming with his entire body draped on Justin’s, loving him, loving him so fucking much, and Justin had come again, crying out his name.


How would he have felt had Justin’s first move been to head for the shower? He wasn’t sure. Justin hadn’t seemed to mind that Brian had obviously showered after coming home, with all that implied. Brian would not bring up the issue. He wanted Justin’s choice to be entirely his own, just as his had been. They had only been together two months, and of those two months had been apart four and a half weeks. He would not expect anything.


So why was he so fucking glad that last night at least Justin had not taken advantage of the freedom they both had to have sex lives outside their relationship?


If anyone had told him, a year ago, that he would want one man so much it overcame any desire he might feel for others, or that he would hope that that man felt the same way, he would have laughed out loud. The same was true six months ago. But already, things had started changing. He laughed at himself. He had fucked more blonds in three months than in his entire life. And when he had fucked guys who were not blond, he had fucked them because they were not, and that was just as telling.


And now he was everything he never thought he would be. Monogamous, in love, possessive, and so fucking happy.


He bypassed the steam room, took a shower, got dressed and went back to work. On his desk was a contract for Moebius Electronic and a retainer check. He smiled. He sent their info and stats downstairs, telling Sam that the client had requested the team that worked on Body By Design and Click Clack, so the job should be assigned to Taylor, especially since he and Taylor had already discussed the idea for the campaign. Before he sent it down, though, he called Sam.


“Sam? Brian.”


“Hey, Brian. Randy hates you. I don’t know why I ever bother assigning him to you. You’re going to give him an ulcer.”


“Because the best shit he comes up with is always when he works with me. He always ends up giving his best just to prove what an asshole I am, and how wrong I was to tell him he was incompetent.”


“True. But he is hell to be around the entire time… You’re right though. Nobody pushes him like you do. He is probably the best one here and never bothers to give it 100% with anyone else.”


“That’s right. But I am not calling about Randy. I’m calling because I am requesting Justin for a campaign.”


“…”


“I know assigning creative managers is your area, Sam. That’s why I’m calling.”


“You bypassed me with the Ste. Blanche winery as well, Kinney, though I guess in that case you couldn’t know Taylor would be here to finish the job.”


“I got this new account, completely out of the blue. Moebius Electronics…”


“That’s a Vangard client.”


“Not anymore.”


“Vangard has done top work for them. Why would they switch?”


“Long story. But basically, their CEO wants the creator of BBD and that of Click-Clack. I am the account exec for both so he wants me. We both know who designed BBD, so I want Taylor.”


“… OK. That actually makes sense. You guys are just finishing Greenbabies together. I would have worked this next one with you, but I can see the logic. My system has worked, and done this firm well for years now, Kinney. The rotation makes sure everyone stays challenged; no one gets stale, just like you with Randy. You may get the best out of him, but he gets you to go in directions you would never think of going. It’s good for everybody. I will not have you throw your weight around to work more and more with Taylor. It will be a while now before I assign him to a big project with you again. Live with it.”


“I’m with you completely on that Sam. This will not happen again.”


“Good.”


“Did you see the Greenbabies rough cut?”


Sam laughed. “Yes. It’s brilliant, and you know it. As is Ste. Blanche. As I am sure whatever you are sending me will be. Doesn’t change how I feel about it.”


“I got you, Sam. As I said, we are of one mind on this.”


“All right. Send it down. Thanks for calling. I am fully aware of the fact that you could just do as you please.”


“You do a great job, Sam. I’m not going to fuck with a system that has proven to work as well as yours. We each have our own jobs. I may be an asshole, but I have great respect for you and your people. You know, except when I don’t.”


Sam laughed and hung up. Brian smiled. He liked Sam. The guy had balls.


He saw what was next on his pile and sighed. Talk about getting stale. It was a company named Parchment that sold high class stationery. They had been his clients for three years now, and this would be his fourth campaign with them. Their rep was super conservative in her approach, and from year to year the changes in their advertisements were minimal. It was boring as shit.


It could use a serious makeover, but that woman (What was her name? He looked through the file…Sally Handfield), Sally, resisted any major changes they tried to make, every year. She said she represented perfectly her employer’s desire for continuity and restraint, that they wanted to stay as far away from the ‘Hallmark’ tearjerkers as they possibly could, and no matter what Brian said or presented, she refused to consider a middle ground.


He smiled to himself when his first thought was ‘I wonder what Justin would come up with for this.’ Sam had a point. It was obvious that left to his own devices, Brian would probably prefer to work with Justin on every campaign. So far, he had always worked with Julie on this, and she was as frustrated as he was. The current ad pretty much added to “We’ve got paper, we’ve got cards, we can print to order and everything’s real pretty.” God. Brian hated it.


He looked at the communication slip. General direction: it asked. The last two years, Julie and he had tried so hard to shake it up. Maybe he should just accept the status quo, and just change it to “We’ve got pretty paper, we’ve got pretty cards, and you can special order us to print real pretty things.” He just wanted to beat his head against the wall.


He wrote, “Grandma on a shopping spree?” Then he added, “Punk Rocking teenager on a shopping spree. And they buy the exact same things.” That could be fun. And they would be buying real pretty cards, real pretty paper, and who knows? Invites to a party… He hated this account. Maybe he should pass it to a Junior exec. But they were long-term clients, and he didn’t want to lose the account. He sent the whole thing to Julie, knowing she too would bang her head against the wall. That was some consolation.


It was nearing four. Cynthia walked in with a triple espresso. Uh-oh. Not good. Obviously, she had heard something. She closed the door behind her.


“Bob Tuscan wanted to fire us. Alan convinced him to just fire Paul and pass the account to someone else in the firm. He sent samples of his, Marcus' and your work for Tuscan to choose from. Alan got the answer yesterday, and it’s not him, nor Marcus that Tuscan wants.”


“Fuck. How big is it?”


“Over a quarter of a million.”


“Fuck.”


“Sorry.”


“I’m not doing it.”


“You will.”


“I know. I don’t want to do it.”


“Obviously.”


“Couldn’t Alan have somehow leaked to him that I’m queer?”


“One quarter of a million dollars, Brian. Word is you will be nominated for a Clio for one commercial this year, and probably in the print campaign category as well with BBD. You are Plexus’ hot ticket right now.”


“Fuck.”


“Time to go…”


“Thanks for the heads up.”


Brian hated drug companies with a passion. He had always refused to take on any of their accounts, no matter how lucrative. Tuscan Pharmaceutical was even worse, because Tuscan was a total bigot who personally and publicly had made many inflammatory statements against homosexuals, questioning the government support for Aids and HIV drug research and actively lobbying against it.


When Paul had accepted the account for Plexus, Brian had been livid, but at the time he only had been a partner for a couple of months, and had only voiced his opposition. Now that he was much more secure in his role in the company, there is no way in hell he would let Plexus take on an account he objected to so much.


It turned out that Bob Tuscan had rejected Paul’s campaign for their new allergy medication. The campaign was based on faulty information provided to Paul by their rep. Apparently, side effects had appeared after the lengthy government trials were finished, and their new drug, ‘Allerfree’ could no longer boast of being ‘without any side effects,’ the fact on which Paul had based his entire campaign.


The emergency meeting went far better than they had any right to expect. Considering he was losing one of his most lucrative accounts, Paul was to be commended for his cool. All three of them agreed with Alan that passing the account to someone else instead of losing it completely and having Tuscan sing about it on every roof would be best for the firm, and Paul stuck by that decision.


The fact that the client was wrong, that the mistake was theirs and that he was a scapegoat seemed to make no difference. He knew that Tuscan switching firms altogether at this stage would besmirch Plexus’ reputation, because Tuscan would have no qualms publicizing his reasons for switching. He had a big mouth and a very nasty streak, and so Paul accepted the consequences gracefully. Brian really admired that.


They had decided that all meetings with the representative would from now on be recorded, transcripted and sent to Bob Tuscan himself for his perusal and approval and that was only going to make for more complicated matters, with at least one more person’s opinion to consider in all decision making. The account was worth over a quarter of a million a year. For that alone, it was worth it. For their reputation, it was essential.


They had lost a huge amount of man-hours and good will, and had to work to compensate the first and rebuild the second. The fact that the man responsible was still heading Tuscan advertising division was sad, but not unheard of.


Alan then announced he had decided to handle the switch to another exec by having Bob Tuscan himself pick Paul's successor. Brian, who supposedly did not know that a choice had already been made, immediately refused to be part of the pool for obvious reasons.


Alan replied that it looked better if Tuscan had three choices rather than two. Brian then asked that a short biography be send with the rest of the material Tuscan was provided to choose his next exec from, detailing each partner’s marital status and making sure to mention Brian had a male partner.


Alan replied that if Tuscan found out that one of the partners was gay, they would be fired for sure, and that if Paul could stomach the personal humiliation of losing an account and being blamed for someone else's error, Brian would have to,  for the good of the firm, swallow his gay pride.


All of Brian’s objections would however be dully recorded, and that was what he wanted. He did not intend to keep the account. He would salvage Plexus’ reputation, but at the first possible occasion, would dump the account on someone else's lap (if possible, someone at Vangard…) and his history of objections would help him in that endeavor.


Then, of course, Alan announced that based on samples of each partner’s work from last year, Tuscan had already made his decision. He had chosen Brian. Brian asked that Tuscan be told Brian was unavailable due to too many prior commitments. He was voted down. He tried the path of conflict of interest, and was voted down. In desperation, and realizing things needed to lighten up a little, he proposed irreconcilable differences, and managed to get them laughing.


“Brian, I’m sorry you are being put in this situation. You just have to separate your own interest from that of the firm, and try to do your best,” said Alan. He was no fool. He knew this was really a big sacrifice to ask Brian to make.


“How good is the damn drug?” Brian asked Paul, hoping at least it was a miracle in a pill.


“Not any better or any worse than any other on the market. The skin rash is the only reported side effect, and it does clear up in 2-3 weeks after stopping the use of the drug. It only occurs in one out of two hundred users, an acceptable risk.”


“I want nothing to do with this,” said Brian honestly, knowing it was pointless, but having to somehow express it. “Let him fire us.”


Three stern faces were looking at him. They all knew how he felt, but also knew they could count on him to come through.


“Fuck,” he said.


His one consolation was that he would be working with Sam on that one. He pretty much decided to sign off on whatever Sam sent him, and get rid of this thorn in his side as soon as possible.


“There is one more thing,” said Alan. “He wants to meet with you in person. He’s invited you and your wife to dinner next week,” said Alan.


“I'm pretty sure Justin and I are busy next week.” That was obviously a joke. For all his dealings with Tuscan, Brian had to be in the closet. He would work for that bigot, but to expect him to socialize with him was going a bit too far.


“Brian.” Alan had that long-suffering look on his face. Brian relented.


“I am single. I’ll go alone,” he offered, and that was his best offer.


“It would be better if you at least had a girlfriend.” Now Brian was getting really pissed off, and that was not good. He could put up with some shit, but Alan was going too far.


“Alan. Ask me one more time to pretend to this SOB that I am straight, and you can take this account and shove it. I will go alone. If he asks if I have a girlfriend I will say no. If he questions me any further, I will not lie. One quarter of a million dollars is not worth my denying Justin’s existence.” He realized how angry this situation really made him, and tried to keep his cool. “If I were you, I would make sure I am invited to this little dinner as well. Your lovely wife can redirect. Because I will not bend over backwards for this prick.”


“For what it’s worth, Alan, I’m with Brian,” said Paul, totally surprising Brian. “Salvaging Plexus’ reputation is one thing. Letting this jerk lead us by the balls is another. ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’ is as far as you should ask Brian to go, and even that, in my opinion, is going too far. Brian should not be asked to have dinner with someone who would gladly return the sodomy laws to the books, and make it again a capital offence. Fuck Bob Tuscan, and the horse he rode in on. I certainly never had to socialize with that homophobe.”


“I'm with them,” said Marcus. OK. Now Brian was really blown away. Marcus was a strong Christian man, and Brian knew that though Marcus was personally tolerant, his church disapproved of homosexuality. “Brian is single. If that’s not good enough, too bad. He should not have to deny who he is just to kiss the ass of a client whose political views are despicable.”


“All right,” said Alan, a little surprised at his partners’ united front. “Fine. I’ll see if I can get Heather and I an invitation as well. And if he straight out asks you, I guess we will just have to live with the consequences. All right?”


“All right.”


To be continued...

 

 

 

Chapter 16 - Live and love - Part 2. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Live and love - Part 2


Brian went back to his office, the huge Allerfree file with him. Paul and Marcus’ completely unexpected support left him feeling really good. They had never been in conflict: on the contrary, always very respectful of each others' qualities and what each brought to the firm, but of the three men, he always thought of Alan as the one closest to being a friend as well as a partner.


He had always known they viewed him as a great financial asset for the firm, but to discover that they appreciated him enough personally to take his side in this matter was an eye opener.


Because Tuscan had rejected their first campaign, they were on a very short deadline. He had to review the file and talk to Sam ASAP. He really wished this were only a drug company… To him, that was distasteful enough. But Bob Tuscan. Fuck.


Brian really wanted to talk to Justin. He dialed his number. It went straight to voicemail. He checked the time, and laughed at himself. Justin had only been out of class for seventeen minutes. He was probably still chatting with Lilah. He certainly would not have had the time to buy a new phone yet. Shit. A new phone would have to be charged anyway. He would not be talking to Justin until tonight.


He was slightly appalled at himself for wanting to talk about this to Justin, and share his annoyance and distaste about it with him. He could handle it on his own for fuck’s sake. But there was an unfamiliar warmth in his heart all the same, knowing he could count on Justin for his support.


Loving and being loved by someone meant you no longer had to handle things on your own. Someone was there to share the burden, and fuck, that was so good. He had actually never thought of that as a byproduct of sharing his life with Justin. But no matter what, he now had someone in his corner. He suddenly felt so grateful for Justin, so … blessed.


His old self was laughing, but it was a hollow and envious laugh, he decided. In the old days, he would have buried his frustration by fucking two or three tricks that night, probably treating them like shit after fucking them, spreading the joy, taking out his anger on people who had nothing to do with it. Now he would talk to Justin, get a handle on his feelings, and make love. It wasn’t hard for him to admit which he preferred. He grinned. He was so fucked…


Brian picked up his phone, went through his received call history, checking dates, and dialed. He certainly hadn’t gotten that many calls that particular day, a Sunday in January.


“Yellow!” Brian smiled at the absurd greeting. Trust an art student…


“Lilah?”


“Yes…”


“This is Brian Kinney. Are you with Justin, by any chance?”


“No. He has anatomy on Fridays. But I will be. They don’t get out till 5:30. Do you want me to have him call you back? We’re going to the mall to buy him a phone after class. He can use mine…”


“That would be very good, thank you, Lilah.”


“Uh… Brian? Justin seems really happy, now. Thank you.”


He remembered how upset she had been a month ago. It was nice to know Justin had such good friends. Justin was in class for eight more minutes. Brian had not known that he had anatomy. He wondered if they dissected cadavers, like med students… He shivered at the thought.


He started reading the file. Allerfree was not a bad drug. It worked only on 56% of the people tested, which was par for the course for allergy medication. Half of their effect was placebo anyway.


He wanted to read more about this rash. There...5% of patients. That was a lot. 2-3 weeks persistent rash on chest, abdominal and buttocks area, which appeared simultaneously. Charming. Started diminishing in surface area as soon as treatment was discontinued. Skin discoloring may persist. What the fuck was that? What did that mean?


He searched the file. There was nothing more. Well there was no way he was working on this until he found out what that meant… He was about to call the rep, when he remembered he was waiting for Justin’s call. Yes. And he was at work, for heaven’s sake and he had three lines. He shook his head. He looked for the name of the rep. Michael Smith. He called.


“You have reached the desk….”


Right, Friday past five. Some people worked regular hours. He’d have to call Monday.


He phone rang. His heart sped up.


“Kinney.”


“Hey.”


He smiled. Things were looking up already. “I’ve had a frustrating afternoon. I’m going home right now.”


“OK. I was going to go to the mall with Lilah to get a new phone, but the weasel (there was a tussle and a laugh in the background) canceled on me because her beau just called saying he’ll be in later tonight, and she had to ‘get ready’, whatever that means in girl talk (more background giggling). I think I’ll buy my new phone on the internet, keep mine on the charger all the time until it gets here. So I’m coming home too. You can tell me all about your shitty afternoon.”


“That’s … Justin, I’m sorry she dumped you, but I’m really glad you’re coming home.” He really was. Fuck the old Brian. He was going to get to hold his own personal Sunshine in forty-five minutes or less. He smiled.


“Who do you think will get there first?” asked Justin. Brian could hear the smile in his voice. This was the playful, I want to fuck, Justin. Lucky him.


“I don’t know but whoever gets there first gets to decide what we do first.” Brian didn’t care what they did, so he was a winner either way…


“Later.”


Brian laughed. “In a hurry, are you? Later.”


Brian called the rep from Tuscan drug again. He felt much more settled about the whole thing. The same message came on. Brian pressed the record button on his phone before he started speaking. He would keep impeccable records of every contact he had with that man. He was not about to get fucked over like Paul had been.


“Hello, this is Brian Kinney, the ad exec now in charge of your account at Plexus. This message is being recorded. Today is Friday, February 21st at 5:45 pm. I have just received the file concerning the Allerfree medication. Some data is still missing from the file, including the medical file of the trial people affected by the rash. Also there is a mention of skin discoloration when the rash clears, and I have some questions about that. Please call me back ASAP on Monday. I get in around seven. I will not proceed any further until I hear from you, so, as we are in a time crunch, the timeliness of your return call is of the essence.”


He got his coat out of the closet, put a couple of files into his briefcase, and left his office. Cynthia was at her desk. He stopped for a moment.


“I have a new account, Allerfree, from Tuscan pharmaceutical.” As if she didn’t know… “Every communication with that company will have to be documented and dated. I will tape every phone call. Can you start a file to store all the Data? A copy of the file should be send to Bob Tuscan himself anytime something is added to it so he is immediately aware of any step we take with this account. Any response from him should be copied and added to the file. Can you also please contact Gerard in Legal, first thing on Monday? I want to meet with him regarding this.”


Cynthia was taking notes. He knew these notes would be added to the file. She was very thorough. Everything would be perfectly documented. She knew very well how Brian felt about this particular client.


“I will be working with Sam Rosen on this project.” A fag and a Jew, the perfect team assignment for that fucking bigot. “Please make sure he is very aware of the requirements I just detailed to you.” He sighed. That should cover it for now.


Cynthia pulled a face. “I’m sorry, Brian.”


He smiled at her. “We’ll get through this, and dump the account as soon as Tuscan can no longer hurt Plexus’ reputation. The good thing is, it put the difficulties with Parchment into perspective.”


She laughed. “Have a nice weekend, Boss. I’ll head out as soon as I’ve taken care of this. I have a date with James. It’s nice to be out early.”


That would be James Bower, from accounting. Somehow, her being in a relationship did not seem so odd, after all. She would head out after an eleven hour day… and she called that early.


“What are you two up to?” he asked, actually interested.


She smirked. “We are going to La Cage aux Folles.” It was his Valentine’s Day present to me. He has no idea you’re gay, by the way.”


Brian chuckled. “A bus-man's holiday, then,” he said.


She smiled at him. “Far from it.” True enough. A ‘folle’ he wasn’t. He thought of Emmett and Drew. They would be back from their honeymoon in two days. Then, sometime next week, Drew would have a little press conference. He wondered if he should give Julie, Bob Hicks and Leo Brown a heads up. He decided he should.


“Cynthia, could you let Julie and Bob Hicks from Brown know that next week Drew Boyd will announce he is legally married to another man? Just so they are prepared. Make sure the communication is secure. We don’t want a leak.”


“From the association with the play I just mentioned, do I conclude Boyd’s husband is a little flamboyant?”


“That’s a perfect description of him, yes. He is a close friend of mine. And of Justin’s. It’s their wedding we attended on Valentine’s Day.” He was quiet for a minute, thinking about what he had discovered about himself during the ceremony. “It was… very nice.”


Cynthia raised an eyebrow at him. He just smiled at her. “I’m off.”


“See you Monday, Brian.”


Having thus taken his time, he was pretty sure he would arrive at the loft well after Justin. Just thinking about what Justin might have in mind got him nice and hard before he even opened the door. After entering, he hung his coat and toed off his Prada loafers.


Suddenly, he was attacked by a blond tornado. Justin took his mouth in a ravenous kiss, pushing him against the door, undoing his pants and pushing them way down with his underwear, all but hobbling him. Justin went down and took in Brian’s cock, sucking the pre-come welling out, and swallowing him gluttonously. Holy fuck. It was going to be one of those times…


Justin tongued the sensitive spot underneath the rim, took him down his throat and kept tonguing the base of his dick as he pushed him in and out, humming. God… A spit slickened finger was probing his hole (When had he done that?) as Justin swallowed around his dick, still humming, rolling his balls in his other palm. Reaching instant overstimulation, Brian completely lost it, crying out as he came, totally helpless, as usual unable to resist the simultaneous stimulations of a horny and determined Justin. He slid down the door with suddenly useless knees, saying, “Fuck, Justin…” to which Justin answered, with a wicked smile, echoing his own answer that morning. “I am here to serve.”

 

 

One of their futons magically appeared, and Justin pushed him onto it, one of his legs still bound by his pants, the rest of him still in his suit. His hips were roughly pulled up so his ass was up I the air. Justin’s tongue was there, forcing itself in his ass, feeling heavenly, then licking his hole, shooting pleasure through Brian’s every nerve, then in again, deliciously tongue fucking him, as Justin’s hand was massaging his spit covered cock back to life.


The tongue fucking really felt unbelievably good for some reason, and he was trying hard not to curse aloud. His days as a quiet lover seemed to be a thing of the past lately. Then Justin slapped his ass before returning to eating it, and Brian forgot his resolution and just moaned loudly.


Justin had just slapped his ass! No one had ever slapped his ass. And it had felt really good. Holy fucking shit. A few minutes later, as Brian was in that special place where an agile tongue and a knowing hand on his dick could send him, Justin slapped his ass again and he almost came. It felt so fucking good, leaving his ass all tingly and sensitive, begging for more…


The cock massage, the tongue fucking and the occasional deliciously stinging slap were bringing him precipitously on the verge of another orgasm and he was panting, his forehead on the futon, his hands fisting the white cover.


Without warning, Justin’s cock was pushing into him, the large head stretching him until it popped through, and hitting his prostate, making him see stars. Fuck, this was incredibly, unbelievably good. Justin was relentless, fucking him hard, adding spit to his hand before continuing to milk his cock. His hole felt stretched, full, taken. His ass was warm, tingly, sensitive. His cock was in Justin’s talented hand, the little twist Brian especially liked happening every other pull. Though on the verge, Brian didn’t want to come. It felt too good. He wanted it to last…


Justin said, his voice deep with arousal, “Sometimes, I want you so bad it drives me insane. God, Brian, your ass is so tight, so hot… I love fucking you. I love it. I’m going to pump the come right out of you.” As he was saying so, he matched his thrusts to his pulls on Brian’s cock and Brian’s efforts at holding back the inevitable were over.


He just let the pleasure take over, his entire body feeling every move Justin was making, overcome by his looming climax, the palm of his hands on the futon as sensitive suddenly as the head of his cock, his forehead, his tie bound neck, the skin of his back responding to the touch of his clothes as his cock did to Justin’s hand.


Brian's orgasm was so strong he cried out again, some feral sound he couldn’t believe came out of his throat. His come hit the futon cover, again and again and again, as if his balls were trying to empty themselves completely in the mind-blowing sensations. Justin’s violent contractions told him he too was having an orgasm to remember.


After a minute of stunned stillness, Justin fell back, lying flat on his back on the floor. Brian took his pants completely off so he could move, took off his jacket and tie and opened his collar. He lay on top of Justin, his weight on his elbows, and kissed him, slow and deep. He looked at the beautiful face of his mate, loving the softness of his eyes after such a domineering fuck, loving the surrender of his mouth, of his whole body.


“Tell me,” said Justin. “Tell me.”


“You made me come so hard, I thought my balls themselves had come out my dick.”


Justin laughed but shook his head no. “Tell me.” He said again, smiling.


“You spanked my ass and I cannot believe that I loved it.”


Justin shook his head no again. Brian smiled, and stopped teasing him.


“I love you, Justin. I love you, so much.”


Tears filled the blue eyes as Justin’s face shone with his brightest smile. “And I, you,” he said. “Body and soul.”


Putting his hand under the blond head to cushion it from the hard floor, Brian kissed Justin again, gently, slowly, lovingly, for a very long time, just letting their bodies speak to each other.


Finally, the hard wood was too much for his elbows and knees. He got up and pulled Justin up as well. He took the cover off the futon, and they made their way to the bathroom. The shower felt great, and Brian told Justin about his misgivings regarding Bob Tuscan, Tuscan drugs, and Allerfree.


It felt wonderful to download his frustration. He had Justin’s full attention, the blue eyes rarely leaving his face, even as they were soaping up, as he was shaving, as they got dressed in jeans and T-shirts. He didn’t think he’d ever spoken this long outside of one of his presentation, and somehow, even though Justin answered with nothing more than an occasional “Yeah” or nod of the head, when he finally stopped speaking, he felt as if his thoughts were now clear and organized, as if he had a full handle on the situation and on his feelings about it.


They moved back into the living room. He called his favorite Thai delivery place, and ordered a feast for the four of them. Brandon and Todd were due pretty soon.


Justin looked thoughtful as he was putting a new cover on the futon and putting it back in their living room as if he, as well, was processing the information. Finally, he said, “I wonder what they mean by discoloration. I wonder if they are talking about de-pigmentation. I wonder what that could mean.


“The government trials are so long. It’s worrisome this side effect only appeared after they were over. I wonder what other long-term effect the drug could have, that may not show up for years.” He sighed. “No wonder you don’t like working for drug companies. That guy, Tuscan, sounds like a piece of work, but the drug is the thing that gives me the willies, especially with their rep not disclosing all the information in the first place.


“If he wasn’t fired, could it be because he was told not to disclose the information, and that after the problem became too widespread, they could not hide it anymore and they blamed Paul instead? If that’s the case, I wonder what else they are not telling you.”


It was amazing. This was exactly the conclusion Brian had been drawing after talking things out with Justin out loud. Before, his personal dislike of Tuscan had masked what he now realized were his real worries.


“Justin, I don’t want to do this campaign. I want to find a way to get out of it without harming Plexus, not anymore than the loss of a quarter of a million dollar contract will, that is. This drug may turn out to be innocuous. But I have a bad gut feeling about it.”


“Remember Montrose Linens? You have to trust your guts, Brian. We have to find a way for you to get out of this gracefully. What do we know about Tuscan?”


They got on the internet, and Googled him. He was a total homophobe asshole, the dangerous kind, the kind that spoke out loud and backed up his vile rantings with his wallet.


His company seemed clean though. Most of his drugs so far were symptom alleviators, like over the counter cough syrup and fever reducer. Allerfree was the company’s first step into prescription medicine.


He had a wife, and they had been married thirty years, without one shadow of scandal. She was beautiful, WASP to the fingernails. They had four sons: Two twenty-four year olds, one twenty-two year old, and one nineteen year old, all in college at Columbia, the oldest ones in med school.


The door buzzer went. It was the food. Brian went down to pick it up at the back door, and was tipping the delivery guy when Todd and Brandon showed up. They were in very high spirits, and took the delivery bags from him to free his hands for dialing his codes.


Brian  once again, admired how gorgeous Brandon was. In a playful mood, a smile on his lips and in his eyes, he was pretty irresistible. Todd looked great as well. He was wearing red, which did wonders with his natural coloring. His hair was growing, and ringlets were forming everywhere. It just made you want to run your hand through his hair, which Brian did, totally unselfconsciously, taking advantage of the fact that both of Todd’s hands were holding bags.


“Wow, your hair is so soft. It looks great long.” Todd gave him one of his white-toothed smiles. He really was very attractive. One forgot, always seeing him with Brandon. They made it back to the loft, to find Justin still at the computer. He looked up and smiled joyfully at seeing their friends. Brian realized that was what Todd and Brandon were. Their friends.


It was different than the Pitts, where Brian had known the gang almost longer than Justin had been alive. Brandon and Todd had known Justin first, but their friendship had grown mostly since Christmas, since Brian and Justin had been a couple, even if part of the time they had been apart. His own conversation with Brandon during that time had been the key to his recovering from the crushing guilt, and to being ready to welcome home a healed Justin when he returned.


“Guys, before we eat, I want to show Brian something on the net. It will only take a minute.”


All four of them actually looked at the screen when Justin brought up the eight month old graduation picture of the third Tuscan boy from Columbia in the alumni newspaper. Apparently, he was a fourth generation graduate, and was now in their engineering program. It showed a perfect American family, the handsome parents, the good looking sons, all of them smiling happily for the camera, the new graduate in his silly looking mortarboard hat.


There had to be a reason why Justin wanted him to see this picture, but Brian could not see it. Justin pointed to the twins. They obviously worked out, or had played football, or both. They were very buff. “Take off their shirt and tie,” said Justin, “and picture them a little sweaty.”


“Holy Mary, Mother of God.” Fuck, he had just sounded like his damn mother. One of these boys, or both, on different days, had danced with Justin. He had pushed one of then away from him once, along with a tall guy in a silver shirt, to take Justin for himself. And one of them had given Justin head while he and Justin made out in the lounge. They had left him preparing Brian’s trick for a fuck. One, or more likely both of the Tuscan med student twins were gay.


Did their father know? He didn’t want to out them if he didn’t. But if he did, he had just found his ticket out of working for Tuscan drugs. He was having dinner with the man next week. A few well-placed comments would insure that Tuscan would quietly change agencies, with no blame whatsoever assigned to Plexus.


It was blackmail. How did Brian feel about that? Really fucking good, that’s how. Mostly because regardless of his insinuations during the dinner to come, he would never actually use the information he had. These two kids had problems enough with a father like that. Now they had to somehow find out if Tuscan knew about his boys.


While they were eating, Brian gave a quick synopsis of the significance of the photograph to Todd and Brandon. They were interested while he talked, but when he was done with his explanation, they started being very goofy, feeding each other with chopsticks, and licking sauce off each other’s faces.


They stripped off their tops to not get them dirty and soon were licking sauce, real or imagined, off of each other's chest and stomach. It was curious how much sauce seemed to land on their respective nipples…


Justin commented that since they were sitting on the floor, some sauce might land on their pants as well, and soon, they were licking definitely imaginary sauce off of each other’s dicks, laughing and kissing in between. They had come to the loft straight from the airport, and were horny as hell for each other.


Justin crawled to Brian, and said, looking like a sad puppy, “It’s so inconvenient that you eat so neatly, Brian. Otherwise, we could be naked too.”


“I am really neat with chopsticks but very messy with a spoon,” Brian reassured him. “You better get naked while I get dessert.” He put all the empty Thai food containers on a tray and while Justin took off his T-shirt and pants, got ice cream from the freezer.


He took his clothes off also, put some Haagen Dazs half pints he’d picked up a couple days before on the table, along with four spoons.


“Yum,” said Bandon. “Coffee. My favorite.” He dropped a spoonful on a semi reclining Todd’s chest. “Oops. Sorry, Todd, that must be cold.” It had already slid down all the way to Todd’s lovely treasure trail when Brandon went after it.


Todd’s favorite was caramel, and it apparently tasted really good when it fell accidentally on Brandon’s lower back, and disappeared down his crack for Todd’s nimble tongue to search and find.


Justin suggested ice cream always tasted better in bed, and soon all four of them were enjoying dessert way more than the creator of Haagen Dazs had ever anticipated. Chocolate was delicious licked out of Justin navel, and Justin was apparently liking the strawberry flavor off his nipples. Brian liked that too, very much.


There were many sloppy ice cream kisses, and finally, two sixty-nines, next to each other, where ice cream played less and less of a role, until what was left of the half pints was melting inside the containers on the floor, and all four spoons had fallen off the bed in turn.


This was where having a smaller partner really paid off. While Justin sucked his cock but had to rely on his hands to pleasure the rest of him, Brian had access with his mouth to every lovely attraction between Justin’s legs, and took great advantage of that.


He could see Brandon’s face, as he swallowed Todd’s cock to the root repeatedly, and his look of bliss when Todd did something he really, really liked. He certainly had not looked like that at any time when he had been with Oliver. He and Todd really knew how to rock each other's world.


Brandon opened his eyes, and saw Brian looking at him. He took Todd’s cock in his hand and started to suckle the tip. Brian did the same to Justin’s cock. Brandon tickled the slit with his tongue, and again, Brian imitated him. Brian deep throated Justin twice, before suckling the tip again, and Brandon did the same.


They smiled at each other, and started a sequence they both followed, faster and faster, tickle the slit, suckle the tip, deep throat three times, circle the rim, and again and again, a finger in Justin and Todd’s ass caressing their prostate. Soon, Justin forgot Brian’s cock, and started moaning, as did Todd.


“Fuck Brian, don’t stop, don’t stop…”


“Brandon, Brandon, oh god, Brandon…”


Justin and Todd climaxed simultaneously, as Brandon and Brian were sucking the come right out of the tip of their cock. As usual, Brian almost lost it, Justin’s appreciation was so lovely to hear. Then both he and Brandon lay on their back, heads elevated by a pillow, at opposite ends of the bed as Justin and Todd resumed their ministrations to their cocks once they recovered from their orgasms.


They could watch their own cock being sucked, the other man’s cock being sucked, and the other man’s face, as he was being sucked. Justin was a god at this, and apparently Todd was no slouch either. For the longest time, Brian watched the black ringlets of Todd’s hair bounce as he deep throated Brandon, taking his ten inches in easily. It was a lovely sight. Brandon had a beautiful cock.


Looking at Brandon, he could see him watch Justin’s head moving up and down on his own cock. Was Brandon imagining Justin was sucking him off right now? That thought somehow was so arousing that Brian lost it, and making eye contact with Brandon came deep inside Justin’s mouth.


Whether it was the sight of Brian coming, the thought of the hot spunk in the mouth of the man he loved, or strictly the sensation from his own lover sucking him off, Brandon came as well, staring right at Brian. It was so fucking erotic Brian was instantly hard again and wanted to fuck Justin and watch him come. He made his way up Justin’s body, kissing, licking, reached for a condom and covered it generously with lube, and after kissing Justin long and hard, guided himself into his body.


Justin wrapped his legs around Brian's waist, as Brian started fucking him, kissing him all the while. It was so fucking good. Justin and he moved together perfectly, as they had always done, their fucking harmonious and entrancing. Brian watched the blue eyes turn darker and darker as Justin’s pupils dilated with his increasing arousal, watched Justin’s head and neck take on that rosy hue it always had before he came. Justin was meeting his thrust, opening his mouth to his kiss, opening himself to receive him, letting Brian see into his soul the love that was now central to his being.


Brian was aware of Brandon, next to him, fucking Todd in the same way. He took a long breath of Aroused Justin scent, with its beloved citrusy note, and kissed Justin again, their kiss, passionate, loving, their tongue making love just as their bodies did. He closed his eyes, and let the perfect rocking of his hips, the perfect slide in and out of Justin warm, soft, tight, silky channel carry him away.


Justin’s lovely trembling told him it was time, and his body obeyed, his delicious, sweet orgasm filling the condom in Justin’s ass just as their connected bellies were slickened with his love’s hot come. He continued rocking for a few seconds, and continued kissing for a lot longer.

 

 

He gently and slowly pulled out of Justin, smiling at him, and slipped off the condom to tie it and throw it adroitly into the bin. He spooned his love, and they watched together as Brandon kissed and fucked Todd, mirroring what they had been doing minutes ago.


Brandon raised himself on his arms, and told Todd, ”Brian and Justin are watching us, Todd, and we look so fucking hot. Look at them. Look at them, I want them to see your face when you come. You’re so beautiful when you come.” Todd looked toward them, eyes out of focus, obviously very close. “Come for me, love,” said Brandon, “come for me…” and he was right, Todd’s face looked like the face of an angel when he climaxed, peace on his features, eyes half closed, lips parted.


“Brandon,” Todd sighed in bliss, ”Brandon, I love you…”


And Brian saw Brandon look right at Justin as he said, his body pulsing with his own orgasm, “I love you.” And he closed his eyes, so that when Todd looked at him with surprise, and pulled him down for a deep kiss, he wouldn’t see the ache, the want for another in his lover’s eyes.


Brian backed away a little, allowing Justin’s body to lie flat on the bed. Just as he had expected, Justin’s eyes were uncertain, and Brian smiled at him. He bend down to whisper in his ear something he had only so recently understood himself.


“There is not enough love in the world, Sunshine. Any of it that is, we should cherish and celebrate. It is always a good thing. And it is a beautiful thing when friends can love one another, and still be friends. We all have the capacity to love more than one person at a time. I love Mikey, always have and always will. Mikey loves me, and for years before he met Ben, a lot more than I deserved.


“And I am sure than in his own way, Brandon loves Todd too. He just happened to have met you first. He chooses to be our friend and that’s his choice to make, and we should honor it. As for you, Justin, you bring nothing but joy into this world. Your art, your friendship, your kindness. I have never met anyone more deserving of love than you. I, for one, am grateful for any love that comes your way.”


He looked at Justin, whose eyes were awfully bright. “I know that you are mine, Justin, that you love me, body and soul. I am yours too, Sunshine, and I love you, body and soul. Never doubt it. Count on it, always.”


Brian took Justin's soft lips in a kiss. One more month, Sunshine. One more month, he thought.


Then, Brian chuckled and said, “Time to shower and change the sheets, everybody. Between the ice cream and the come, if we don’t do something quickly, we’ll have to be pried apart with the Jaws of Life.” They all cracked up and went to the shower. Brandon lovingly soaped and rinsed Todd, and Brian smiled at Justin.


“I love your soap, Brian. I love the scent of it,” said Todd.


“I have a cupboard full. Grab a bottle when you leave,” offered Brian.


Todd smiled at him. “Thanks, but no thanks. To me it’s the smell of the four of us, of playing and dancing and laughing and fucking together. It would feel weird to use it at home.”


Brandon laughed. “I feel the exact same way,” he said. “It’s the smell of our friendship. It belongs in this shower only.”


Brian smiled at them. “I understand exactly what you mean,” he said, and he did.


They changed the sticky linens and cleaned up the rest of the ice cream, then they went to bed and the couples faced each other, Brian spooning Justin and Brandon spooning Todd.


Todd restarted the conversation about Tuscan Pharmaceuticals. Of all of them, he had the most medical knowledge, but still had no clue about the skin discolorations, or possible side effects. He however felt strongly that queers should not, if at all possible, be of any help or associate themselves in any way with people like Bob Tuscan, and that was how he approached the problem.


He was the more political of the four of them, and had been out to everyone in every way since he was very young. The idea of ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’ was completely unacceptable to him. Brian, who had lived in the grey zone all his life was impressed with the strength of his conviction. Todd was of Greek descent, and all his family were fervent orthodox Christians.


His father, his uncles, and his brothers were men’s men, firefighters for generations. But when he was fourteen, he had announced to everyone at a family gathering that he was gay, and not given an inch since. The matriarch of the family had stood by him, and things had been rocky and chaotic for everyone for a while, but soon enough, it had been accepted. Family was everything to them, and now, any insult to their brother was answered by the an impressive show of solidarity by the Bourekis clan.


“We need to find a way to figure out if Tuscan is aware of his sons' sexual orientation,” he said, “and use his own fucking bigotry and hypocrisy against him.”


“I could give a photo of the twins to Jeremy at Essengy, for him to call me next time one of them shows up,” Brian thought out loud.


“I have seen him, or them, there pretty regularly,” approved Justin.


“Yes,” said Brandon, “but it could be weeks for all you know. They’re med students. Let’s meet them at the med school.”


“What do you mean?” asked Brian.


“I mean Monday, Todd, Justin and I should have lunch at the med school cafeteria. We are three hot fags. One or both of them has already met Justin. They might strike up a conversation. Or we could. Justin, you could be there as a prospective student, Todd, you could have a continuing education course like you had in January. I could just be…”


“Dr. Goodfuck, visiting from the Swedish academy of Anal Massage?” suggested Todd, laughing.


Brandon kissed his neck and tickled his ribs at the same time.


“You could be looking for a sports medicine specialist's recommendation. You are moving to town and are a professional dancer. Everybody knows you now, Brandon. You can’t pretend to be someone you are not,” remarked Justin.


“And me?” asked Brian. “I don’t get to go?”


“You have to work,” Justin pointed out.


“You have to find out as much as possible about the drug,” said Brandon.


“They might be at that dinner, for all you know, and the cat would be out of the bag,” Todd argued. “When is it anyway?”


“Not sure yet. So, say one of you strikes up a conversation with them. Now what?”


“We could bring up the topic of coming out to our parents. It’s a pretty common icebreaker, actually. Most of us have had to go through it,” said Justin.


“If it doesn’t come up, we can make a date for later,” said Brandon, “and meet him or them at Essengy Monday night.”


“We’ll just have to think on our feet and do our best,” said Todd.


“You’re not working Monday?” asked Brian, surprised.


“No,” said Todd, turning in Brandon’s arms. “Someone asked me to take a couple days off, because he was going to be in town, and had some news.” Brandon ran his hand up Todd’s body, passing over his cock, and coming to his face, caressing his cheek as he kissed him, running his hand through the dark curls.


“Todd is going to help me find a place,” said Brandon, “but right now, I know exactly where I want to be…”


Brian and Justin watched as Brandon lovingly prepared Todd, and turned him over, sliding into his body from behind, lying on top of him, gently biting the nape of his neck, kissing his shoulders as he moved inside of him, slowly, deeply. He said quietly in Todd’s ear, “ And I do love you, Todd, very, very much.”


Watching them make love was really wonderful, and Brian moved back enough to put on a condom and slick it, before sliding into Justin’s ass, still spooning him, taking hold of his hard erection, thrusting in his ass and massaging his cock in time to Brandon’s languorous movements.


For a long time, the four of them seemed to float in a different world, out of time, just pleasuring each other unhurriedly. Justin's eyes closed and he rested his head back on Brian’s shoulder. Brian breathed in his neck, loving his scent. Brandon kept whispering into Todd’s ear, licking and kissing his neck.


He started moving faster and Todd mewled with pleasure and spread his legs further. Brandon lifted himself onto his arms, and started a sinuous motion that pushed him deeper and harder into Todd, his eyes closed in his pleasure. Brian couldn’t believe how beautiful he looked. Todd mewled again, and arched his spine to bring his ass higher.


Brian could see Brandon’s slicked cock move in and out of him, and loved it when Todd, still arched, started to play with his own nipples. “Brandon, I am so close… don’t stop… please… harder… please… harder... yesssss... here I come…” and his mouth opened on a silent scream, his head thrown back, his fingers pinching his nipples tightly. Brandon bit his shoulder, and pumped into him hard and fast three more times before staying completely still, deep in his ass, wave after wave of tension moving up his body, from his thighs to his lower back as he trembled and came.


Brian pulled out of Justin who turned over to his back and brought his ankles to Brian’s shoulder, just as Brian wanted. He slid home inside the man he loved, and folded him almost in half to reach his mouth in a passionate kiss. Their fingers laced together near Justin’s head, they moved as one, their bodies responding to one another, Brian going as deep inside Justin as he possibly could, staring into his eyes until they were each other's world with nothing but their passion, their mounting pleasure, their mingled breaths, and their words and sounds of love. It seemed the perfection of it would never end, their bodies in a state of utter bliss, slick with sweat, their motions as immutable and varied as the waves of the sea.


But Brian's traitorous body wanted its release, and each thrust started carrying him higher and higher, closer to orgasm. Justin’s pleasure sounds became more urgent, Brian’s name on his lips like a plea, and the beloved body started trembling under him like a captured bird. Brian smiled and said, “Let go, Justin, let go,” and he felt the sweet pulses of his love’s pleasure. He let his own climax engulf him, feeling as if he was pouring his love into Justin’s willing heart as his hot come poured into his body, stopped only by the latex barrier. Not much longer now, please God, he thought, not much longer.


He pulled carefully out of Justin’s body, falling to his side next to Justin. Gentle hands removed his condom, a warm cloth cleaned his and Justin’s belly, and they only had to curl into each other, close their eyes and sleep.


Several times that night they woke up and loved each other, or watched their friends do so. As the sun was coming up over the city, Justin and Todd gently, lovingly took their strong mates to a place of surrender, of receiving instead of giving, of acceptance and trust.


They woke up late, showered together and ate the high protein, low fat breakfast Brandon and Justin cooked, dancing around in the kitchen to a Van Morrison CD, as Brian and Todd looked at the ads in the Saturday paper for places for Brandon. He would rent at first. This was New York City. His salary was much higher than it had been in Pittsburgh, but still, until he sold his apartment there, he didn’t have enough in savings for a down payment on any kind of a place.


Since the New York City Ballet rehearsed and performed in the Lincoln Center and Brandon had expressed the desire to live in Manhattan, they concentrated the search in Clinton, which seemed like a reasonable neighborhood for him.


There was no urgency, really. He would not start until April, and then the first four months would only be rehearsal. The troupe was huge. The principal dancers like himself were many. He was very glad he had held out for a better position than the Corps de Ballet. If he had accepted their first offer, he could not have afforded to live in Manhattan.


Brian did mention that if worse came to worse, Brandon could be in one of his guest rooms for a month. After all, Justin had lived at Todd’s for that long. Todd and Brandon had agreed that it was better for their relationship if they did not move in together. Living in the same city was going to be a big enough adjustment already.


After breakfast, Justin left for Pratt to go paint, taking his phone and his charger with him. Brandon and Todd headed out to Clinton. They were all going to Essengy that night. As per usual, Brian had brought home some work. The loft was strangely quiet. Brian wondered what he had done with his weekends before Justin entered his life. He drank one more coffee, smiling at the portrait of Florence on the kitchen wall, then went to his desk, opened his laptop and went to work.


To be continued...

 

Brandon



Todd

Chapter 17 - Besheert. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Besheert



Justin decided to ride the subway. The day wasn’t that cold, and walking to and from the stations would not be too onerous. The previous night had been so great. He could not imagine doing anything like it with anyone else, but their relationship with Todd and Brandon was really special.


On the other hand, he could not wait to go to bed tonight alone with Brian. Justin loved him so very, very much. And lately… lately it felt as if there was a deep change in the man he loved, as if Brian had let go of the fear of loving and of being loved which had pretty much shaped his life until then. It filled Justin with joy to have Brian trust in him, trust in them. When they had set down the rules of their relationship, Justin had asked for some time at home, together, and Brian's response, though positive had not been thrilled. But now he said things like “Don’t paint too late tonight. Call me. I… Fuck Justin, I know I’ll miss you until you get home.”


When he’d come back from Essengy the other night, he had been surprised to find Brian there already. Brian had showered, a sure sign he had fucked someone else in a back room, or a lounge somewhere. Justin had decided long ago not to let it bother him, and the best way to do that was to not think about it. He fully trusted Brian to follow their rules. His fucking around had no relevance when it came to the two of them. Brian had certainly been glad enough to suck Justin off, and had made love to him like a man starved.


At Essengy, Justin had had two offers of blowjobs, though one of the guys might have wanted to be fucked as well, he wasn’t sure. He and Brian made love everyday, several times usually. He had gotten blowjobs before because it was his only sexual outlet. He certainly did not need that now, and compared to Brian… well, no random guy at the club ever looked remotely tempting.


Brandon was gorgeous, and Todd’s looks, though far from classic, really grew on you. They were the only two men he had actually found attractive enough to consider seeing in the past year, and they were now his best friends. So he went to the club to dance. And he went home for everything else. Brian was highly sexed enough that fucking someone else at one club or another didn’t mean he wouldn’t have the desire to fuck Justin when he came home.


He wished that… No. He wouldn’t let himself think that way. At least, Brian was his to love, exclusively. It was enough. The memory of Brian’s cock sliding inside him naked at Gillian’s the other night, the memory of the softness, the heat, the closeness he had felt at that moment was always there, though, taunting him. He couldn’t believe he had actually mentioned it in the heat of passion the other morning. God, he really would love it if… Enough.


Arriving at Pratt, he was glad to find Lilah already there. He plugged in his phone while she chose some music, and they both started working, Lilah, as was her habit, chatting of this and that the entire time. Justin found it extremely soothing. His painting was coming along well, it was just about finished really, but he kept feeling it lacked something. He was hoping it would become obvious to him somewhere along the way.


Lilah started speaking of her last evening. She was so happy Max was back in town. She asked Justin if he thought they were too young to get married. Max was twenty-five, and she was twenty-three, like Justin. He thought about it for a second and answered honestly. Twenty-three seemed awfully young to make a lifetime commitment. He knew she had always felt Max was The One, but still. Wouldn’t it be more reasonable to wait a few more years? To have time to play the field a little, to make sure? She was quiet for a while after that, thinking.


“Justin? Did you ever think of going to college, to get a broader education?”


“I thought about it before my Dad kicked me out, because he was pushing hard for me to follow in his footsteps at Dartmouth,” said Justin. “But after he kicked me out, I decided to go straight to Art School. That was what I always wanted anyway.”


“So you were eighteen, and you made a life long commitment.”


Well, she had a point. But that was different. He had always known he wanted to be an artist.


“Do you ever imagine meeting a guy, somewhere, and leaving Brian?”


Justin laughed at that. “No. I think Brian and I are in it for the long haul. I know we have only been together for a short time, but… He is part of me now. I cannot imagine life without him.”


“Besheert.”


“What?”


“You and Brian are Besheert. Two halves of a whole, predestined, made for each other, soul mates.”


“Yes. Exactly. The first time we met, we danced together, and I felt it.”


“That’s how I feel about Max. I know intellectually that we are awfully young, but we’re Besheert. Like yesterday. I was waiting for him at the café we always meet at. I was reading my Art History for my test Monday. People were constantly coming in and out, but at one point, I just knew he was there. I just knew he had walked in. I was wearing my hat, and he was looking around. He was looking for my hair, you know? I took my hat off, and he immediately looked at me and he smiled. Not with just his mouth, but with his whole body, you know? And I felt it too, like I could finally really relax, let go of some tension I didn’t know was there. We could wait a million years, it wouldn’t make a difference.”


Justin was done. He stepped away from his painting, and suddenly saw what was missing. The composition was good, the colors good, but now that he knew what it was lacking, it was so glaring, he couldn’t believe he had not seen it before. He mixed colors on his palette, quickly, until he had the right shade of blue, and took a fine brush, which seemed crazy considering the size of the canvas, but amongst the broad strokes, he now needed the thinnest lines.


He added it to the same side of all the silvery grey steaks, and then here and there along the greens. With a slightly larger brush, he added more toward the top of the painting. He stepped back again, and smiled. There. It was completely abstract, of course, but ever since changing the colors two weeks ago, he had thought of it as a rainforest after a rainfall.


The thin blue line you could hardly see was the reflection of the watery blue sky on all the wetness, because even in the rainforest, once in a while, it stopped raining and the sun shone on the upper canopy. The sunshine after the rain, like the light after the darkness of night, immutable, unchallengeable…


He felt this unaccountable rush of love for Brian and smiled when he realized why. Immutable, unchallengeable… Some things were just meant to be. Besheert. He looked up at Lilah, who was spreading gesso on a white canvas.


“I think you’re right, Lilah. If that’s the way you feel, and you two want to get married, you should. Some things are just meant to be.” They smiled at each other.


“I’m done with this one. You want to see?” She got up. He had worked on this longer than he usually did on any one painting. She was curious. She came, stood next to him, and smiled.


“It looks totally different than it did three hours ago, and yet, I can’t see what’s changed...” She looked at the painting critically. “You added that lighter shade of green, but that’s not it. And the peeled banana yellow. But that’s not why it looks so different. What did you do to it?”


“I’ll never tell. How does it feel?”


She grinned at him and he realized what a weird question it was, except she knew exactly what he meant. She stared at the painting again. After a while she said, “Like you wish for something, but you know you shouldn’t? Like you want something more when you already have so much?” She stared at it some more. “But then you feel like you’re going to get everything you want, because it’s just meant to be…”


He looked at his painting, surprised. He knew his yearning for Brian to feel the same way he felt about sex was in there. It had been on his mind most of the time he had painted. But the last? And he felt it, just like she said, that feeling of knowing that he would get what he wanted in time because it was meant to be. He felt himself blushing to the root of his hair, as if she could have known from looking at the painting what he so ardently wished for.


“It’s gorgeous, you know?” she said, and sighed. “When I graduate, I will miss this. Sharing a studio with you, and watching you create all that beauty.”


“I’ll just miss you,” he said simply, honestly.


She bumped his hip, and they laughed.


“So, what‘re you going to do now?”


“I want to do a huge one, freehand.” He grinned. “With lots of cadmium…”


She giggled, and pulled a brand new tube of it out of her cart. “Got some here, in case you run out…”


“Come give me a hand. I prepped this giant one in October, remember? That’s the one I need.”


They went to the blanks’ reserve, where they stored the prepped canvas they had, their names written on the edge with permanent marker. He didn’t have to look for his name, his was the biggest one there, a big square, 7X7, an unusual size to boot.


They brought it out, Lilah taking back everything she had said about missing his stupid paintings as they maneuvered the giant canvas in the tight space. They put it flat on one of large tables, and as soon as Lilah had put a new CD in, a smile on his face, Justin went to work.

 

*****

 

At lunch on Monday, Justin felt a bit out of place, to say the least, as he waited in line to pay for the food on his tray at the Medical Center cafeteria where the med students took their lunch. He had taken a long time getting ready for work that morning, because he would be coming to Columbia right after, and since he wanted to be there from 11:30 on, he and Brian had actually arrived at Plexus at 6:00am. Brian had been just as awake and raring to go as he was at the usual 7:00, Justin feeling as if it was the middle of the night. He had wanted to look like a prospective student, to have an excuse to be there, but he also wanted to look hot, to catch the attention of the brothers.


This was his second time standing in line, this time with yogurt on his tray. The cafeteria hot food bar was open from 11:30 to 2:30, to accommodate the different med students’ schedules. He could be here a while.


He was one person away from the cash register when he almost jumped out of his skin as someone said, “Thanks for saving my spot!” took the yogurt off his tray, put the tray on a pile of others and stepped in front of him to the register. As the cashier was adding up his food purchase, one of the brothers turned back to him, smiled, leaned down and said in his ear, “Remember me? I remember you. I’d recognize your hair and your ass anywhere…”


Justin said, with an uncertain smile, “I think so…”


The handsome med student put his hand on his chest, and rolled his eyes, tragically. “You don’t! Break my heart…” He went to sit at a four person table near a window, talking to Justin on the way. “We danced together one night at Essengy. You, me and some hunk in a silver shirt. I was already thinking threesome! when that guy waltzed in, just pushed us aside, and started making out with you. I guess you had a prior commitment… I know the guy’s reputation, but you seemed to know what you were doing, so I left you to it. I saw you leave with him a while later.” He frowned, as if feeling guilty in retrospect. “You knew about him, right?”


Justin thought his delayed concern was rather sweet and smiled. “Yeah. I knew all about him. He just gave me a ride home, actually.”


“Really? He made out with you and gave you a ride home, when he fucks guys and can hardly be bothered to hand them a towel? You must be one hell of a kisser!” He waved, to attract someone’s attention. “Sorry, I was just flagging down my brother Alex.” He smiled at Justin. “I’m Rob, by the way.”


“Justin.”


Over Justin’s shoulder, Rob was watching his brother approach.

“Oooh, what do we have here? Seems my brother met someone in the cafeteria line as well…”


“Good god! There are two of you?” joked Todd, who had arrived with Alex, as he put his tray next to Rob’s and sat down. “Be still my heart!”


The arriving brother said to his twin, “Rob, this is Todd. He’s here for continuing education.” He turned to Justin. “I’m Alex, by the…Well, hello there.” He smirked. “I believe we have met before.”


Justin had pretended to hardly remember Rob, so he took the easiest road, “It’s quite possible. I am quite confused at this point.”


“That time we hooked up at Essengy… You’d met my brother before… No wonder you were so friendly.”


Justin smiled sweetly. “I’m always friendly…” and to show he meant it, he held out his right hand across the table and said, “Hi, Todd, I’m Justin. It’s nice to meet you.”


Todd grinned, and shook the proffered hand. “Nice to meet you, Justin. Are you here for continuing ed as well?”


“Nah, I was accepted here for September, and I came to check it out without the escort.”


“So? What do you think?” asked Rob.


Justin tried to look wistful. “Well, I love it. But I don’t know if I can swing it financially. I’ve applied for financial aid, so I guess I’ll see. My parents were all set to pay for it, but then... well, let’s just say that I came out, and that now they’re not willing to pay for it anymore.”


“Ouch,” said Todd. “That’s sucks. My parents have been great, thank god. They said it made no difference to them.”


“Sorry, man,” said Alex. “We’re somewhat in the same boat. Our Dad found out about us, and told us he would only pay for our education if we stayed in the closet, even to our Mom and brothers.”


“How did he find out?” asked Justin genuinely curious.


“We played football in high school, and the coach caught us in the shower with a well named tight end, and a not so well named wide receiver (It was his first time, and there was nothing wide about it, let me tell you)…”


Rob took up the story from his reminiscing brother. “The coach was pissed, one, because we were fucking, and two, because we were doing it raw. He gave us this long lecture about safe sex, and then he called our Dad.”


“We pretty much begged him not to,” said Alex. “Our Dad is a complete homophobic asshole. But he did anyway.”


“So he came, picked us up, and took us to Taco Bell. We never went to fast food places. We were like ‘What the fuck?' Rob shook his head. “After we sat down, he pointed out the guy in the back, who had made our tacos, and told us that's where we would be if anyone found out about our pervert ways. He would kick us out of the house, forbid our Mom and brothers to contact us, give our trust funds to charity, and obviously not pay another penny toward our education.”


Alex grinned. “So we’re holding out until we graduate from med school. He thinks he can control us with the trust funds…”


“But fuck him and his fucking money. After that we can make our own way.” Rob grinned too. “We were thinking of livening up our graduation ceremony.”


“We’re not quite sure how, yet. But we are going to stick it to him. As publicly as we can,” Alex said. “We just wish there was a way to tell our Mom first. She is completely under his thumb. She looks like she comes from money but before they got married she sold perfume at Macy’s…”


“Our grandparents were immigrants, and poor as dirt. But she’s really sweet, and she doesn’t share his views…”


“She doesn’t deserve the public humiliation. He does.” Alex shrugged. “Our brothers aren’t stupid. They probably have figured out by now why we never bring girls home. But they…”


“Holy shit!” Rob exclaimed, interrupting his explanation.


“What?” asked Alex.


“Don’t turn around, bro, but the ballet guy from that Clearlife commercial just walked in,” said Rob.


“Fuck that,” said Alex, who turned around immediately. “Oh dear God. He’s even hotter in person.”


Todd smirked at Justin and said, “You’d like to meet him, eh?”


“I’d like to be his boy toy, that’s what I’d like…” answered Alex.


“He can have two for the price of one,” added Rob.


Todd got up, walked to Brandon, and kissed him lightly on the lips. Justin laughed. The looks on the twins’ faces were priceless. Todd talked to Brandon for a minute, no doubt telling him he and Justin had got all the needed information, and then brought him back to the table.


“Brandon, this is Alex, Rob, and Justin. Guys, this is Brandon.” Todd sat down again, Brandon standing behind him, massaging his shoulders lightly.


The loquacious brothers were completely speechless. Justin took pity on them. “Hi, Brandon. It’s nice to meet you. Why don’t you take my spot? I have to get to class.”


“Thank you, Justin. I had lunch already, but I wouldn’t mind sitting down and having a cup of coffee.” He bent down and kissed Todd’s neck. “Can I get you some, Todd?”


“Yes, thanks.”


“Guys?” Brandon asked the brothers.


“No, thank you,” said Alex, just staring.


“No, thanks,“ said Rob, his spoon of pudding still poised halfway between his bowl and his mouth, where it had stopped when he spotted Brandon.


“I’m sure I’ll see you again sometime at Essengy, guys.” They both seemed to finally come out of their trance. “Thanks for the yogurt, Rob. Bye.”


“Bye, Justin.”


“You’re welcome. See you.”


“Bye, Justin. It was really nice talking to you,” said Todd.


Justin grinned at him and left. He checked his phone. The battery was almost empty. He plugged it in at a free outlet in a corridor next to some soda machines, and called Brian.


“Kinney.”

 

 

Justin smiled. “Hey. We got all the information you need, and more,” said Justin.


“That’s great. So their Dad knows?”


“He has known for years. We can talk over everything tonight with the others, but I think it’s all good. You?”


“Nada. The rep is giving me the run around, sending me irrelevant stuff, not giving me what I ask for. Also, apparently, the doctor who headed the team conducting the FDA trials at Columbia has left the country, and gone back to El Salvador where he has opened a clinic. So I’m completely dependent on their rep for help. I sent for the FDA report, but it will be a while before I get it, and chances are it will make no real sense to me… Anyway. We can discuss everything tonight. Where are you?”


“Still at Columbia. I had to plug in to call you. I’ll get a cab to class. Good thing I don’t start till two.”


“What do you have today?” They had never really discussed Justin’s classes before. Justin was surprised how pleased he was that Brian should ask.


“Drawing from life.”


“Is that were you get to draw naked models?”


“That’s part of it, but some people are dressed, and we also do animals. We’ve met at the zoo a couple of times, and we had greyhounds come in just last week.”


“Do you enjoy it?”


“It’s interesting to learn all the different techniques, but sometimes it’s frustrating because of my hand. Other than that, I enjoy it a lot.”


“Good. Hold on.” Justin could hear Cynthia’s voice in the background. “Harold Montrose is on my other line. I have to go. Later.”


“Later.”


All the way to Pratt, Justin felt the effect of the conversation. Brian and he spoke of Art related issues often, whether related to Plexus, or to Justin’s paintings. But they had never spoken about what he did in school. Justin had never even noticed, to be honest. Brian’s expressing an interest in it made him feel really good. He grinned to himself. He was so crazy in love.


Drawing from life, as Justin had expressed, could be frustrating for him. After a couple of hours, Justin’s hand would usually start acting up. He had developed a coping technique now. Everything he could he did with his left hand: the general outline, the shading, anything that did not require perfect precision.


It put less pressure on his right hand, but sometimes had drawbacks. It you were right handed, especially with charcoals or pastels, you tried to work from left to right, to minimize smudging. If you work ambidextrously, as he did, you had to cope with not being able to rest your hand on the paper at all. He tried to rest his wrists on the frame, or protect his work with paper held in place with painter’s tape. It complicated matters.


He had not disclosed his condition when he’d applied to Pratt, and for most classes it was not an issue, but for this one it was a constant problem. It had not taken long for his instructors to require explanations for his unorthodox approach, and some of them were more supportive than others.


Because of the extra steps he had to take, the time constraints were more severe. He had unconsciously compensated by drawing faster. At first his technique suffered, and he was often not fully happy with the final product, but little by little his accuracy had increased, and he also got faster at ‘blocking’ his work progressively with paper and tape. He found that the paper used to line baking pans worked best. After a month, he had started to be satisfied with his results, and since then, things had only gotten better.


When they got to pencil drawings, where smudging was much less of an issue, it made his life so easy he loved it. He felt he had so much time. The instructor in that particular technique was astonished by the amount of detail Justin had time for compared to other students. So now, his earlier suffering actually gave him an edge.


Todd and Brandon were coming for dinner at seven to discuss Tuscan, so there was really not time to go to the studio to paint. However, the Thursday before, one of his classes had ended. It was a technique class, where they were given a topic or particular technique and required to paint a canvas, sketch, draw, or do a watercolor with a strict time limit. The theory was that it would help develop spontaneity, and increase their trust in their choices.


It was the class where he’d painted Florence’s portrait. He had to admit he loved how that one turned out, but two others he really disliked. One was a monochromatic rendering of a still life, and the other an impressionist rendering of a photograph. His grades in the class had been really good. He just didn’t care for all of the results.


So now he was on a mission. He met Lilah and Rory in the studio, and they each got out the paintings they disliked. Rory hated all three; Lilah liked her monochrome, but hated her impressionist and portrait. They could, and really should, have reused the canvas, but after his immolation of A Beautiful Life, they had somehow decided to burn them.


They had a little procession to the parking lot, and set up way away from any cars. Rory, always safety conscious, had even brought a small fire extinguisher, just in case. They sprayed their paintings with barbecue starting fluid, which was much more flammable and much less expensive than turpentine.


“Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,” said Rory, in a playfully reverent voice.


“Return thee to mediocrity’s well from which you sprang,” said Lilah.


“Begone, begone, thou foul images, to the fires of hell we condemn thee!” said Justin.


Lilah dropped the match, and they all stepped back. Even though they were expecting it, they still jumped when all the fluid seemed to ignite at once, and they giggled. Lilah started to dance, singing the few lines she knew of Jerry Lee Lewis' Great Balls of Fire. She shoved Rory to force him to join her and move around the flaming canvas.

 

 

Laughing, Justin joined them.


For the next few minutes they danced around, and then finished in a disorganized group hug, laughing their heads off. They decided, as they disposed of the few remaining unburned pieces of frames, that it had been a very successful and extremely cathartic endeavor.


Justin took a cab home, and was surprised when he came in to see that Brian had come back from work already. The camel coat he wore that morning was in the closet, and his computer was on the desk.


“Brian?” He wasn’t home. He must have gone back out to run some errand.


Justin took out his cell. It was dead. Annoyed, he plugged it in. At least he had no missed calls. He really needed to order a new phone. He went to the desk where Brian’s laptop was open on some horribly boring looking financial chart. He opened a new window and googled Cell phone. The list appeared. He was intrigued to see that several of the listings were purple instead of blue, showing that site had been visited from this computer already.


Out of curiosity, he checked Brian’s history. Last Saturday, mid afternoon, Brian had spent about an hour and a half on different sites about cell phones, including the Consumer Report, the Electronic Review… He went to the last site visited.


It was called PureMobile.com, and was an Internet retail outlet. Digging into the history he saw that a Motorola V3i had been put in the shopping basket, purchased, and the purchase canceled. Justin smiled. He wanted to know more. Using the knowledge he had gained through years of tweaking his programs, he checked how much time had separated each event. The phone had sat in the basket twenty-two minutes before the purchase was made, and the purchase canceled four minutes later. He chuckled.


Justin closed the window he had opened, and went to take a shower. He smelled like a bad barbeque. In the shower, he reflected on the significance of what he had just found out.


He knew how important it was to Brian to be able to reach him. It had been very high on his list of requests during their ‘Boyfriend’ discussion. He was obviously really bothered by the unreliability of Justin’s phone, and yet had not mentioned once during the weekend Justin’s procrastinating in ordering a new one over the Internet.


Brian had spent an hour seriously researching what the best phone for Justin would be. Yet he had not brought up his findings, leaving Justin the freedom of buying what he wanted, accepting that his own choices and criteria might be different from Justin’s.


Justin imagined that Brian had put the phone in the shopping cart and then debated within himself the pros and cons of buying it.


He tried to guess Brian’s arguments for both sides of the issue. Justin would have a phone. He would have it quickly (Brian had requested the overnight delivery. Had he left his order standing, the new phone would have arrived at Plexus this morning, and by the time Justin left for Columbia, it would have been fully charged and ready to go.) Justin would have the best phone available according to his research. But…


Justin would not have gotten to pick his own phone. He would be annoyed at Brian buying him an expensive item again though he had already told Brian how he felt about that. And finally, it would be treating Justin as less than a fullgrown adult, allowed to do things when he felt like it, and if he felt like it.


After 22 minutes his desire for Justin to be reachable had won over everything else, and four minutes after that, his respect for Justin had won over his own desires.


Justin felt like a jerk for not taking care of this sooner even though he had known it was important to Brian. Now that he knew just how important, he decided to fix the problem as soon as he had a chance.


He stepped out of the shower to be welcomed by a smiling Brian and a hot towel. That was very nice, as was the delicious kiss, cold on the outside, and warm on the inside.


“I picked up dinner,” Brian explained. “I’ll go set the table.”


“I’ll be right out and give you a hand,” said Justin.


He put on a white undershirt, his favorite blue cashmere hoody, Calvin Klein boxers, cargo pants and a pair of white socks before joining Brian. He got the cutlery out of the drawer.


“Brian, do you know anything about the newer cell phones?” Justin asked conversationally. “I’ve been meaning to order one, but I haven’t made the time to research it.”


“A bit. What are you looking for?”


“Clam shell. They feel better to me. Not too bulky so I can have it in my pocket on vibrate at the club and not look like I’ve padded myself. Reliable, I guess. With an alarm clock feature.”


“Don’t you want a camera?”


“I have not had one yet. What would I use it for?”


“Take a picture of something that inspires you? Take impromptu pictures of friends goofing off? Of Gus, anytime you think he looks cute?”


“Hm. I hadn’t thought of that. Yeah, a camera would be good.” Brian had obviously thought this through, and anticipated Justin’s needs and desires.


“If you are tired of carrying a separate mp3 player, you can get one that will hold your music as well.”


“Really? That’s cool! But it must cost a lot. I don't want to pay one month’s salary for a phone.”


“I hear you. Why don’t you check the new Razr on the net, and read about it. I can finish the dinner preparations.


Justin went to the Motorola page and read all about Brian’s choice for him. It was really good, if a little pricey. “I like their V3i model,” he said. “What do you think?”


“I think it would be a good choice for you.”


“Me too. I think I’ll order it.”


“I have an account with a retailer, and I get a bit of a discount with them. Also, I can insure your phone against damage and theft through their website by putting it on my registered credit card if you want.” Brian was done preparing for their guests and was looking at the screen over his shoulder.


“Why don’t you do that,” said Justin, getting up. “I’ll get my checkbook and write you a check for the amount.”


“I’ll have them overnight it to Plexus. It can be charged and ready to go by the time you leave for class if I place the order now.”


“Great.”


Brian did what he needed to do, which was probably just to resend the form from last Saturday, told Justin the amount (accurately, noted Justin, who of course knew exactly how much the order came to), closed his laptop, folded Justin’s check in his wallet, smiled and grabbed him to sit him sideways on his lap.


“Thanks for taking care of this. I’m really glad.”


“I should have done it this weekend. I know it matters to you. I’m sorry.”


Brian kissed him, a lovely long sweet kiss.


Justin looked at his face, and ran the back of his fingers along his jaw. “You are a beautiful man,” he said, smiling. “Inside and out. And I am a very lucky one.”


Brian pulled him closer, and hugged him. “Thank you. My sentiments exactly. And this is where we suddenly both scream in horror, discovering we’ve grown breasts and we are now a couple of lesbians…”


Justin burst out laughing. “God forbid!” he said. “I wish you had time to brutally throw me down and take me from behind, grunting, just to exorcise that thought.”


“Sounds all right to me. Damn. It’s five to seven. No time for a good testosterone-affirming fuck. Well, there’s always tonight…”


The door buzzer went, and Justin got off Brian’s lap to go answer it, chuckling, wiggling his bum. “Hold that thought,” he said. Brian followed him quickly and grabbed his ass.


“Thought,” Justin said again. “Hold that thought, Brian, not that ass.”


“Sorry,” said Brian, smirking. “My mistake. I’ll get us some drinks while you let them in, shall I?


Dinner was both fabulous and instructive. Brian had gotten some filets mignon from some fancy caterer that he’d had to finish in the oven, some steamed greens and a really good fat free salad. They all had a shot of decaf espresso for dessert.


Brian was very happy to hear from Justin that there was no love lost between the twins and their father, and that they actually wished their mom to be aware of their sexual orientation. Their Dad could certainly not blame the twins for someone else outing them to their mother. That gave him a lot of freedom.


Brian had called Plexus’ own legal team and had explained the situation to Gerard, who headed it. It seemed all the precautions he was taking were great. Gerard’s only advice was to send a copy of the file to an independent council on retainer, and let Tuscan know that was happening. It would prevent Tuscan from knowingly making legal claims that were untrue, and prevent a session of “he said, she said” if the case were ever going to go to court.


Brian still had gotten nothing but the run around and some hardly veiled bullshit from the Tuscan rep. He’d actually called Alan in about it, and had been quite pleased when Alan had looked as concerned about it as he felt.


Alan had already called Tuscan and had mentioned to him that since Brian had never met him, and he had never met Brian, and since Brian did not have a wife who would, with Tuscan’s own wife, help a first meeting, it might be a good idea for he and his wife to attend as well.


He had explained that he wanted them to start out on the right foot and develop a productive, friendly relationship from the start. Tuscan had replied he needed to discuss it with his wife, and that he would call Alan back. As of 5:00, Monday evening, he still had not.


None of them was sure what would be best: for Brian to be alone with the Tuscans, or for Alan to be there to bear witness. On the one hand the presence of Alan and his charming wife Heather might help keep Tuscan civil. On the other, alone, Brian could afford to be as brutal and vicious as he needed to be.


After Justin’s departure, Brandon and Todd had continued to pump the brothers for information. It seemed that ever since they were little, at home, Bob Tuscan had always been a petty tyrant, keeping a tight control over every aspect of their lives: The classes they took, the sports they played, the friends they were allowed to hang out with. His biggest mistake had been to send the two of them to an all male school at an age when the teenage hormones ran unchecked.


They had known for sure they were gay since they were sixteen, when they had both taken girls to the Junior Prom. The celebration took place in a large hotel downtown, and a few of them had rented suites. The TVs had satellite, and in one of the suites, the channels were not blocked.


Soon, to the dismay of their young ladies, most of the boys were sitting down, watching pornography. Rob and Alex thought it was all right, somewhat exciting, but then somehow the channel had been switched to a male on male one, and they had both been riveted to the screen.


A senior who had come as one of the junior girl’s date, and who had orchestrated the channel change, approached them as soon as the TV returned to the male on female porn.


He was the captain of the wrestling team, and offered for then to join him in his much smaller room, where, as an eighteen year old, he had access to the encrypted channels. Soon all three of them were lying on his bed with hard-ons, watching guys rimming, sucking, and fucking each other. When he had started caressing them through their tuxedo pants, the brothers had thought they were in heaven. He had then made the boys an offer they could not refuse.


He would suck off whichever brother would let him have a chance at his ass. Before either one of them could respond, there had been a knock on the door and the co-wrestling captain, who happened to be the captain’s best friend, walked in, looking completely at ease with what was going on. Since both Alex and Rob wanted their cocks sucked, and really, their ass fucked as well, the arrangement had worked out beautifully.


About an hour later, and their wallets 200 dollars lighter, both brothers had their dicks up the wrestlers’ asses. It was a night to remember. Since the wrestlers had only ever fucked each other, and the brothers were virgins, they did not even bother with condoms. By six in the morning, starving as only teenage boys can, they had all finally left the suite, all four of them walking a little stiffly on their way to Denny’s chicken fried steaks. All of their long-suffering female dates were long gone, and they couldn't have gotten dates for any other dances if they’d tried. They did not.


Over the next two years, Rob and Alex fucked practically the entire football team. Most of its members would end up being straight, of course, but were experimenting, boarding without a girl insight. and eager for the popular brothers to help them through their teenage angst.


The dinner was scheduled for Wednesday evening. They discussed the many ways the dinner could hypothetically go. Brian grinned at one point and said he felt he was preparing for a military mission, but underneath the teasing you could tell that he was really, really glad to hear all their thoughts and suggestions, giving him the different approaches of three intelligent minds aside from his own to think up his perfect strategy.


At ten, Brandon and Todd left. Brandon had to catch a plane back to the Pitts early in the morning, and Todd had to work. Brandon had put down a deposit on an apartment as small if not smaller than Todd’s, so his quest had been successful. Even though the central topic of the evening had been serious, they had still managed to have a great time, with the usual teasing and laughing.


Brian and Justin cleaned up, cooperating automatically.


“I wish I could come with you,” said Justin.


“Well you could go in Drag. It worked in ‘La Cage aux Folles’,” joked Brian.


“When did you see that?” asked Justin astonished.


“Cynthia did, and gave me a synopsis. It did actually sound funny. She and Bower, from accounting, had a really good time.”


“I have never been to a real play. Have you?”


“Does College Theater count?”


“No.”


“Then, no.”


“We should try it some time. We live in New York. We should take advantage of it.”


“Well, we certainly could try it.” Brian caught Justin as he was passing by on his way back to the kitchen after drying off the dinner table. “Right now I can think of a couple of things I would like to try as well.”


“Oh, yeah?” grinned Justin. “Like what?”


“Well, if my accounting is correct, you too now own four ties. How about we use them on you all at once, and try my Valentine’s Day present?”


Justin’s cock was instantly hard, and he shivered in Brian’s arms. “Hummm…” he said, with a smile he hoped was enticing. The way Brian reacted, he concluded he had been successful.


Lying in Brian’s arms later, Justin brushed his sore nipples with the tip of his fingers, Justin decided Brian had liked the nipple clamps Justin had bought for them. Justin had really liked them. Just like the last time bondage had been part of their lovemaking, he concluded he wouldn’t do it every other day, but could certainly enjoy it occasionally. He sighed, smiling when the long fingers of Brian’s right hand wrapped themselves loosely, but oh, so possessively around his right wrist. He cuddled closer into Brian’s arms, and fell asleep.


To be continued...


Justin's Fag Hags, Lovely Lilah, and beloved Daphne...


  

Chapter 18 - Discovery. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Discovery



Brian watched Justin sleep. Justin’s lashes were dark against his pale cheek, his eyes moving under the lids, in the middle of a dream. His full lips were closed, his mouth beautiful. In the pale moonlight, his skin was glorious, tight pored, smooth, perfect. His cheekbones and jaw, though delicate, were masculine as well. His short hair gleamed pale gold, moist and darker where only a few minutes ago Justin’s head had been resting against his shoulder. His ear was tight to his head, the contour begging to be licked.


Justin was gorgeous.


Brandon was very handsome, Todd attractive. There were a lot of beautiful men out there, but to Brian, none of them compared to Justin. He was fully aware that his view on the matter was influenced by his feelings, and did not expect everyone to share his opinion. He just knew that at one point, Justin had suddenly become the standard all others were compared with and found lacking.


If he were to lean down and put his lips on Justin’s, Justin’s mouth would feel firm and elastic, responsive. If he were to lick the tempting shell of his ear, a smile would appear on those lips before Justin’s lovely blue eyes opened on a sleepy, warm, loving look. But Brian didn’t want to wake him. Justin needed his rest. He needed much more sleep than Brian, though he often stayed up as late as Brian did. Yesterday morning, the 4:15 alarm had been difficult for him, and even their usual 5:15 one, some mornings, looked like torture.


He was so young. Twenty-three years old. So close to a teenager yet, his body still changing. He still ate as if he was growing and Brian actually thought he had in the past six months, at least a half an inch. Because lately he ate more like Brian, with hardly any fat, he looked thinner than he had. Not in an unhealthy way, but his percentage of body fat had definitely dropped, his muscle definition now more pronounced.


Bound to the bed last night, the nipple clamps in place, begging Brian to stop teasing him and fuck him already, he had looked… incredible. Brian was not particularly into bounds. They were a fun variation in his otherwise already incredibly varied sex life with Justin.


But the picture of Justin’s body arched in pleasure, the light gleaming on the clamps, on his sweat, on the white teeth visible through the parted lips, on his gorgeous face in the throws of his orgasm was one that would never fade from Brian's mind. Just like he had that night long ago, after seeing him dance at Essengy, Brian wished he had some of Justin’s talent so he could draw him.


It was 4:30. The alarm would go off in 45 minutes and Brian fully intended to slowly and lovingly fuck his sleepy Justin right afterward.


He was completely awake, ready for the day. He was hoping to get some more relevant information out of the Tuscan rep today. He had already decided to take advantage of Brandon, Justin and Todd’s discovery to get Plexus out from under Tuscan’s hold without any negative impact on their reputation, but he also wanted some answers about Allerfree. Something was off there, and he needed to understand what.


Surely, long lasting skin discoloration, even in one in two hundred patients would be enough for Tuscan to get sued. No one wanted to go around looking like a leper. So why would they try to hide that fact, and why would they pursue the merchandising of the drug? It made no sense. Who would it hurt aside from themselves and the patients? Was it some kind of an insurance fraud? Did drug companies insure themselves against the discovery of nasty side effects subsequent to the drug’s release?


Even if they did, the damage to the company’s reputation would be hard to recover from. And if they were not planning to market the drug, what did they have to gain by advertising it? Were they planning on manipulating their stock prices, having it rise after they announced and advertised the drug and, crash after declaring their intention of not releasing it after all due to new unsatisfactory information coming out of the drug trials?


Doing it that way, they would come out smelling like roses, a drug company that cared more about people than profit. But surely the Securities Exchange Commission would look at the short sales and purchases of futures incredibly closely after something like that, and any irregularities would be noticed and legally pursued. So if they were not after the money, what did they have to gain?


Brian felt he was missing a piece of the puzzle and it really bothered him. He wanted to understand Tuscan’s reasoning before that damned dinner, to feel in full control of the situation. His dislike for the man and everything he represented was profound. He wanted to stop him from hurting Plexus, but truthfully, he also wanted to humiliate the man. That was dangerous. He would have to make sure before saying anything to keep his priorities in order.


It was 5:14. He turned off the alarm and looked at Justin again. Knowing he was about to make love to him had an immediate and rather impressive effect on his cock. The sheet was tented over Justin’s penis by his morning erection. He looked so delectable; Brian did not know where to start, or what he wanted. He put on a condom and lubed it generously because at some point he would slip between the muscular cheeks and push inside Justin. That was certain.


The appeal of Justin’s erection was too great. He removed the sheet as gently as he could, and looked at it. God, he loved that cock. Just staring at it provoked the nicest reactions in his own body. His cock started leaking precome, his asshole twitched remembering that magnificent cockhead popping through its muscular rings the other night by the front door, and his mouth watered at the memory of Justin’s delicious taste.


He bent down and took it in his mouth and down his throat, burying his nose in Justin’s soft pubic hair. It smelled mostly of Decleor, from their post coital shower last night, but already some of Justin’s own scent had returned and it was marvelous. Brian started bobbing his head, just getting Justin’s cock in and out. At the first stream of precome, he stopped, sucked it out and played with the slit with the tip of his tongue.


Justin purred happily. Brian continued blowing him, not to make him come, but to wake him up in the nicest possible way. When Justin’s hips started moving and Justin’s purr turned to a more rhythmic moan, he knew to stop. He moved up Justin’s body, to find him smiling, his eyes still closed.


“Wake up, Justin.”


“But I’m having the best dream. I’m dreaming you just sucked me and are about to slip into my ass. I don’t want to wake up…”


Brian chuckled and aligned himself with Justin’s entrance, as Justin brought his knees up, pulling them far apart.


“Fuck me,” he said, smiling broader.


Brian pushed in, slowly but inexorably and Justin bit his lip. He opened his eyes slowly and meeting Brian’s, smiled his sunshine smile. “I love your cock opening me like this. I love it. You’re so relentless, taking what belongs to you. It’s so fucking good.”


Brian’s heart beat harder. .Taking what belongs to you. Fuck. He wanted that to be true more than anything in the world. “Does it belong to me Justin? Am I the only one allowed to do this?” He started moving, pulling back just a little and then slamming back in.


“You were my first top, Brian. And no one else will ever do this again but you. No one has ever eaten my ass but you. It is yours, yours exclusively, forever…”


Brian almost came at Justin’s words. He knew the only other man who had had this privilege, and only for one night: Brandon. And though Brandon could not forget it, though he loved Justin hopelessly, he never would have that privilege again. Justin’s magnificent ass was his.


Brian closed his eyes and savored the sensations inside it. Smooth silky velvet, tight, tight around him, his. Only his. Forever. He opened his eyes, meeting Justin’s, full of pleasure and love. “Swear it, Justin,” he growled. “Swear to me that this is mine alone, forever.”


“Yours. Yours alone, forever,” said Justin, whose skin was taking on a rosy glow. “I swear it, Brian. This is yours. I am yours.”


Without warning, Brian came, hard, deep inside Justin’s body. His heart was beating so hard it threatened to come out of his chest. God have mercy but he loved that man, with every ounce of his being. “Oh, Justin.” It had been a crazy thing to ask of him, but yet how quickly and freely had the promise been given. He kept pumping into Justin, knowing that this orgasm was only his first, wanting to pleasure him more than anything in the world.


Justin used his abs to come up and pull Brian down on top of him, wrapping his strong legs around Brian’s back, and bringing their lips together. Brian kissed him passionately, longingly. Longing for everything about Justin to be his and only his, longing for a time when there would be nothing between his cock and Justin’s tight walls, longing for a day when Justin might wear his ring.


“Brian, Brian, Brian…” Justin’s body trembled, and Brian smiled at him encouragingly.


“Yes, Justin, yes, come, let it go.” Justin was looking in his eyes when he keened in pleasure and hot come spurted between their sweaty bodies.


“Oh Justin, I love you, I love you…” and Brian climaxed again, still looking into Justin’s blue eyes, promising in his heart, ‘This is yours, Justin, only yours, forever, I swear it.’


Brian rested his forehead on Justin’s as he gently pulled out of him.


“Have I mentioned how much I love waking up these days?” asked Justin.


Brian laughed. “That’s not what you were saying yesterday…”


“Yesterday’s alarm clock was a lot less pleasant. I like today’s a lot better.”


They headed into the shower, where Justin playfully started rubbing their soapy bodies together.


Brian kissed him on the nose. They rinsed off and got out. They actually had time for breakfast.


“I was thinking,“ said Justin. “If the FDA trials are over and the doctor who conducted them is gone far away, who is doing the follow up on the patients? Who discovered the rash’s relationship with the drug and observed its resolution after the treatment with Allerfree was stopped? Was it only one doctor, or did people just go to their own physicians at first?”


Brian looked at him, pensive. He looked up the FDA procedure on the net. From what he read, he concluded that the Phase III trials had been completed with no side effects in sight. Phase IV started when the drug went to market. It looked like Phase III could involve thousands of people, and for an allergy drug, force the researcher to follow allergy season all over the world. However, each individual subject was only followed for about six months, and then told to report problems immediately to the research team if they occurred.


It was not uncommon for people who had received benefits from the drugs to continued being provided with them after the trial was over and until the drug was marketed. Some drugs were even marketed as Phase III was still pending. That was not the case with Allerfree. As far as Brian knew, all studies were over when the side effect appeared. It must have occurred on people who had requested to continue on the drug until it was available on the market.


He needed a list of these people. He needed to know who was following them now that the original doctor for the study was gone. He needed more info on their condition. He needed to talk to someone who understood these things.


He opened a new page showing a list of the doctors at the Columbia med school, and looked at a couple of biographies. He copied the list into a document. Then he went to the Gay Who’s Who site and searched for homosexual doctors in the New York area. He copied that list into a document too. Comparing documents, he ended up with seven names. He looked up their bios in the Columbia faculty listing. Two had private clinics on Tuesdays. One was a dermatologist, the other an oncologist. He wrote down the name and number of the dermatologist.


In the cab, he discussed with Justin his plan to talk this over with a more knowledgeable person. Justin approved but wasn’t sure if a doctor would take the time to discuss something like that with a stranger in between patients. Brian suddenly felt a rash coming on… Justin laughed.


“Let me know how it goes,” he said, shaking his head, leaving the cab two blocks from Plexus.


At eight, Brian called the number to make an emergency appointment. The doctor did not take new patients, and did not see emergencies. Brian needed to see this man.


“Can’t you make an exception?” he asked the receptionist.


“Not without Dr. Campbell's specific authorization, sir.”


“Well, could I speak with Dr. Campbell then?”


“He is with a patient, sir.” Shit. He’d have to lie through his teeth.


“Could you give him a message while I hold?”


“I really don’t think that will help, sir.”


“It’s a short message.” Brian was thinking fast. He’d have to take a shot in the dark. The bio listed Campbell’s age as thirty-six, so this might work. Throwing caution to the wind he said, “Tell him… ‘Last weekend, back room, ugly rash there’. That’s it.”


“Pardon?” The receptionist must think he was a head case.


“Last weekend, back room, ugly rash there. You might want to be discreet,” added Brian, feeling bad for the Doc.


“… Fine. I’ll be right back.” She had probably figured this would be the fastest way to get rid of him. Brian was treated to some violin music. For some unknown reason, he absolutely hated violin music.


The receptionist came back on. “Dr. Campbell will see you at twelve,” she said, sounding nonplussed.


Brian smirked. “Great.”


The receptionist gave him all the relevant information and Brian hung up. Poor Dr. Campbell.


Brian worked hard all morning. At 10:30, he finally received some information from the Tuscan rep that had some relevance to what he’d been asking all along. It was a more thorough description of the “skin discoloration”. Apparently, it was permanent, caused by a total loss of pigmentation in the area. That sounded like something really serious. Why would the drug be put on the market? There had been two stage three studies, with a total of six thousand patients worldwide. Four thousand had continued to take the drug after the trials. The skindiscoloration persisted in 70% of the people who got the rash. There were 14 people right now who went around with completely pigmentless chest, abdominal and buttocks areas. If something like that happened to him, he would kill himself. Well. Not anymore. The old Brian would have killed himself. The new Brian would be loved no matter what, and survive, but would sue them for every penny they were worth…


He put down the file and looked at what Julie had sent him for Parchment. It was wonderful and funny. It was a description a ‘typical’ Parchment shopper, showing the picture of two of them with their purchases on the counter next to the cash register, each occupying a vertical half of a full page.


“She has blue hair. She likes to wear vintage clothing and sensible shoes. She likes pretty cards, and pretty stationery. She has lots of girlfriends and likes to throw them parties. We are her one stop stationery store.”


One half showed a picture of a grandmotherly woman, who put just a little too much blue in her rinse to make her hair look white. She wore a very old fashioned dress and a see-through raincoat, and well, grandma shoes. She was buying sweet flowery cards and pastel frilly paper, and a silver-ink pen. She had picked up a special order of printed invitations to a tea party and she was smiling as she checked them out.


The other half showed a teenaged girl with a wild blue Mohawk, wearing the same clothes as the old lady, though the dress had been shortened carelessly with scissors, paired with a wide black leather studded belt and showed black pantyhose artistically run. She wore Doc Martens. She was buying humorous cards, and black paper with Gel pens. She had picked up a special order of printed invitations to a rave party and was smiling as she checked them out.


Well, one could always hope. Maybe this year good ol’ Sally would relent, and take their advice. This was very good, and nothing like a Hallmark commercial. He sighed.


Well, it was time for him to go see his dermatologist. He grabbed all the information he had about Allerfree and went to catch a cab. He called Justin from the taxi.


“Justin Taylor.”


“Hey. Is this your new phone?”


“Yes. It got here at 7:30. It looks very cool, and is now fully charged.”


“And now you have my number. Do you want the loft’s number?”


“Yes please.” Brian gave it to him.


“Put my work number in there as well, OK?”


“I will. I’m glad I was able to keep my number. Where are you? I hear traffic.”


“I’m on my way to my doctor’s appointment to get that nasty rash looked at.”


Justin laughed. “You are so bad.”


“I’ll let you know what the treatment entails,” said Brian. “It’s in a hard to reach place, you know. I may require your help…”


“I just bet. Probably will involve some rubbing and massaging.”


“I’m sure it will.”


“…Fuck. Now I have to work my last half hour with a hard on.”


“Sorry,” said Brian with a smirk.


“No, you're not,” answered Justin, a smile in his voice.


“No, I’m not,” agreed Brian. “Later.”


“Later.”


When Brian arrived at the Dermatology waiting room, the receptionist waved him right in. He was surprised, having expected to have to fill out some forms.


He walked into a small examination room where a man was filling out a chart. The man looked up and smiled. He was moderately attractive, friendly looking. Brown hair, brown eyes, guy next-door type. Brian would not have given him a second look.


“There you are, Mr. Kinney.” He got up, and took off his white coat, but then stopped. “Just to be sure, no rash, right?”


Brian was confused, but had obviously been found out so he smiled as well. “No rash.”


“Good. It’s my lunch hour, and I’m starving. You don’t mind if we talk while we eat, do you?”


“Not at all.”


“I’m Steven by the way,” Campbell said, in the elevator, extending his hand.


“Brian. Nice to meet you.”


As they were walking to the cafeteria, Steven explained, “My receptionist told me this guy on the phone was very insistent. He needed to be seen today and she gave me your message. It cracked me up. I’ve been happily partnered for three years and did not see a back room for at least a year before that, so I knew you were full of shit, but I give you points for creativity and risk taking. I figured you needed to meet me for some reason. So you got me. What can I do you for?”


“I’m in advertising. Through circumstances out of my control I have been given a campaign for a drug company. Tuscan Drugs.”


“Aha, I assume you can’t tell him you’re gay and get it over with?”


“Not quite. He could do some serious damage to my firm’s reputation. I’ve found a way around it and will be dumping him when I have dinner at his house so I can do it privately. It involves other people and I don’t want them getting hurt. So it’s all good. “But I have some questions about the drug, and I needed to talk to someone familiar with research and FDA approval. I also wanted someone gay, who would understand on a gut level what Tuscan is.”


“You mean a dangerous homophobic prick with a deep wallet?”


“Exactly.” God, the food looked awful. Brian grabbed a Granny smith and a bottle of Evian. The doc took three different flavors of yogurt and a roll. They went to the checkout line. “The drug is called Allerfree, and after the Phase III trials, showed no side effects whatsoever. They received FDA approval. Since then, one side effect has shown up in .005% of patients.”


“After the trials, and before Phase IV?”


“Right. It’s a rash, on the chest, stomach and ass. It goes away when the patients stop the drug, but in seventy percent of cases it leaves the area completely without pigment.”


They sat at a small table, and Brian got out the paperwork. Steven reviewed everything rapidly, like someone who knows exactly what he is looking at and understands all the graphs and jargon at first glance.


“Why in the world do they have you work on a campaign for this? This drug cannot possibly go on the market. What the fuck’s going on here?”


“Exactly. That’s what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t completely off base.”


“Do you have the FDA report?”


“I send for it, but it takes a while, I guess.”


“Do you have a laptop with you? I can see it online. I have an access code.”


Brian got out his laptop, opened it, authorized use and passed it to the doc. It took him a few minutes to get on the hospital WIFI, go to the site, and find the right study without it’s specific URL, but he managed. Once again, he perused the entire thing like someone to whom it all made sense.


“Shit,” he said.


“What?”


“The guy who headed the trials, Mario Marquez. He’s in Trinidad or something now.”


“El Salvador.”


“Right. Tuscan must have had their own team deal with the appearance of the side effect. It was not reported to the FDA.”


“An overlook?”


“No. Even without Marquez available, it should have been reported, added to the file and the approval withdrawn. Something is really stinky here.”


“I tried to figure out why they would go to the trouble of advertising a drug that cannot be sold,” said Brian and he told Steven all the thoughts he had had that morning early and that had led nowhere.


“There has to be something you did not think of… something Tuscan would do because of who he is. Fuck. I don’t know and I have to get back to work. I’m going to think about it. Can I talk to my partner about this? He is an oncologist, here at Columbia.”


Brian chuckled. “He was my second choice, but I figured you might be more willing to help because of the nature of the side effect.”


“I can see that. Give me your number. I’ll call you if I think of something. When is your dinner with that prick?”


“Tomorrow night.”


“That doesn’t give us much time.”


“No, but neither do I necessarily need to understand what he is up to by then. Though it would be an added bonus, I’m sure.”


Brian gave him his business card, with his office and cell phone on it. Steven gave him his, adding another number.


“That’s my cell, in case you ever need to talk about some medical stuff. Or in case you do get a nasty rash from a backroom encounter.”


Brian smiled. “I don’t do that anymore either. I have a partner as well.”


“Forgive me for saying that, but you don’t look the domestic type.”


“Neither does he. We agreed to a pretty open sex life but I find I just… am not interested anymore.”


“Does he know that?”


“No. I want him to be free to choose, with no pressure. We’ll be talking about it soon, but until then, I want him to do as he pleases. He’s young. He may not be ready to give it all up yet. And that would be ok.”


Steven grinned knowingly. “No it wouldn’t.”


Brian smiled. “It would hurt like a bitch,” he admitted.


“Scott and I had a similar situation. It was easy for me to give it up, I was never that popular. But he’s hot. Like you, I let him decide. I was never as happy as the day he told me he wanted to wait the three months, get tested, and start going bareback.” He called the elevator.


“Thanks for your help, Steven. I really appreciate it.” They shook hands, and Brian headed to the exit.


At 5:30, Justin called to say he intended to paint late and then go to Essengy, so Brian went to Gillian’s to play pool and for a visit to the orgy room. He was in the middle of a game when he had to excuse himself because his phone was ringing.


“Kinney.”


“We think we figured it out. Oh, it’s Steven, by the way.”


“Yeah,” Brian chuckled. “I guessed.”


Steven chuckled as well. “Can we get together for a beer or something?”


“Sure. Where are you?”


“We’re in Soho. You?”


“Right now I’m in Chelsea, but I live in Tribeca. Come to my place in a half hour. I’ll be there in fifteen.”


“OK. What’s your address?”


Brian gave it to him, apologized to his pool opponent and headed home. He made it at ten and Justin was already there, greeting him with a sunshine smile, typing on his computer. Brian worked hard not to show how pleased he was by that development. He wrapped Justin in his arms from behind and kissed the sensitive spot behind his ear. Justin shivered and turned to catch his lips. Kissing Justin. One of the best things in life.


Justin had turned on his stool and into his arms, and the kiss was just getting to be one of those when the door buzzer went off.


“Shit,” said Brian. “I forgot. My dermatologist and his partner are here for drinks. They think they figured out what Tuscan is doing.”


Justin smiled and ran his hand over Brian’s hard on. “And here I was, just about to get on my knees and suck you as if my life depended on it. Or maybe have you fuck my mouth. Oh, well.”


Brian walked to the intercom, his dick throbbing, laughing. “I’ll get you for this, Sunshine.”


Justin put away his computer and went to the kitchen to get ready to serve some drinks, laughing as well. “Promises, promises,” he said.


Introductions were made, drinks served, and they all moved to the living room. Scott was pretty hot, with blond hair and green eyes and seemed just as friendly as Steven. They sat on the couch. Justin, as usual, sat on the armrest of Brian’s chair.


“I’m sorry, Justin,” Scott said, “but I have to ask, or it’s going to bug me all evening. How old are you?”


Justin was wearing his cargoes and the red sweatshirt he had that was a bit too small and faded. Brian looked at him critically. In the soft light of the living room, he honestly looked… God. 16? 17?


Justin smiled, letting Scott know it was all right to ask. “I’m 23. You?” He said the last with a cheeky grin, and they all laughed.


“I totally deserve that, “admitted Scott. “I’m thirty-seven.”


“Wow,” said Justin, smirking. “Less than three years to the big four-O, eh?”


Scott really laughed. “So young, and yet so evil,” he remarked.


“Well,” said Steven, “now that we got that out of the way, let’s talk about Tuscan.”


“The FDA is one of the most trusted governmental agencies. People really believe in its role, and have great faith in what it does,” said Scott. “Truthfully, the agency works very hard to be deserving of that trust. They are very serious, and pretty inflexible.”


“One thing that the trust of the American people has allowed the agency to do is to break it’s own rules when it deems it to be in the interest of patients,” said Steven. “Scott thought about that, because so many cancer drugs are actually experimental and not yet approved by the FDA. Yet, they are used and marketed under its very vigilant eye.”


“Another class of drugs that has benefited from the agency’s leniency has been the retrovirals and other drugs used in the HIV controlling cocktails,” said Scott.


“If there was some kind of a manufactured scandal that would show the FDA in a bad light, no matter how undeserved and how phony, to keep people’s faith, the agency may have to tighten up ship. Especially if it were pushed to do so.”


Scott took over again. “What we are thinking is this: Allerfree was unconditionally approved by the FDA after studies done by an independent party. Tuscan could advertise, publicize its new drug and the day before the launch, announce it voluntarily stopped its release, having found a dangerous side effects undiscovered by the FDA’s faulty system. Tuscan could milk the appearance of lack of follow up between Phase III and IV, though that’s total bullshit, and force the FDA to take some kind of measure in response to give the appearance that they are fixing the problem.


“Tuscan could manipulate the situation to push the FDA to put an end to its allowance of exceptional use of certain drugs before their full approval. Especially, ‘dangerous’ drugs that could cause an ‘already horribly dangerous virus’ to mutate, possibly from a virus needing fluid exchange to, let’s say, an airborne virus.”


Steven added, “Now we know this is bullshit. We also know that thanks to increased public education, people’s paranoia about HIV and homosexuals has decreased tremendously, compared to what it was in the late eighties. But it wouldn’t take much to reignite that fire. Under pressure, the FDA might have to stop the use of not yet fully approved drugs in the HIV cocktails, depriving thousands of gay men of the drugs that are keeping them healthy.”


Scott concluded, “We’re not saying it would work. We’re just saying it might be what Tuscan is thinking of trying. When the side effects of the drug appeared, it must have been a huge blow. He might have found some consolation in orchestrating something like that.”


It was all completely hypothetical, but somehow it rang true to Brian. As they said, it could very well not work the way Tuscan intended, but to him, it would be worth a try. It would be nice to stop him.


“Considering you’re a doctor at Columbia where the trials took place and that you deal with the FDA, how comfortable would you feel reporting the side effect discovered after Phase III to the FDA?”


Steven looked at Scott, and there was apparently a lot of silent communication between them. “I can do it tomorrow,” said Steven, “But I would need a copy of all the paperwork you have. But I am sure you are doing something you are not supposed to by showing me these papers. Don’t you have some kind of confidentiality agreement?”


“Shit. We do. I need to talk to my partners, and convince them it’s worth it. I’ll messenger you a copy of the papers as soon as I have their approval.”


“I have a thought,” said Justin. “Brian, you know how pissed Paul is about this, behind his stoic façade. I think he should talk to the press, tomorrow. Maybe around dinnertime. Tell them how, in the process of working on the campaign, he became suspicious that Tuscan had been hiding a horrible side effect from the FDA and that, after confirming his suspicions with a member of the Columbia faculty and though he is risking the firm getting sued, he has to speak up and tell of Tuscan’s disregard for the safety of patients.”


Brian, Scott and Steven looked at him, speechless.


Finally Scott said, “Yep, so, so young, and yet so completely evil.” They all laughed.


“It would be completely pointless for Tuscan to sue us after that,” said Brian.


“It might completely destroy Tuscan pharmaceuticals. A lot of people would lose their jobs,” remarked Justin.


“No,” Scott said. They have a lot of good over the counter stuff. The company will crash on the financial market and be bought out for a song by one of the big ones. The employees will just change employers. But Tuscan will be ruined, reputation-wise as well as financially. No more deep pockets to back up his homophobic agenda. I love it.”


“Me too,” said Steven.


“His boys all have trust funds. They will be OK. I’m not sure about his wife though,” Brian pointed out.


“I don’t know anything about the woman, but she has stood by him with a smile when he has said the vilest things about homosexuals, when he has financed lobbies against AIDS education and AIDS research. She stood by her man in richer now she can do so in poorer as far as I’m concerned,” said Steven.


“I care about Ben and Hunter more than I do about her,” said Justin. “She is a grown woman. She can take care of herself.”


It was midnight by the time Steven and Scott left. They were really very nice. They had admired the loft and decided they were in the wrong profession. Brian already liked them, but when they went on about how amazing the two abstract paintings on the wall were and how they would love to know who the artist was because they would love to see more of his stuff, he decided they were really great guys. He told them about the artist’s upcoming expo and offered to send them an invitation. They were thrilled.


Once he was alone with Justin again, he asked him why he hadn’t claimed the paintings as his own.


“I’m really glad they like them, but I don’t know them well enough to talk about these paintings with them. I really hate people looking at my work in front of me when they know it’s mine. I’d much rather hear their honest opinion. If they come to the expo, they’ll find out soon enough.”


Justin was done washing, drying and putting away the glasses. He turned off the light in the kitchen and in the living room. He yawned hugely.


“You’re not getting enough sleep, Justin,” said Brian.


“I know. I can’t believe the alarm is going off in five hours. And I was having this fantasy all afternoon about how I was going to ride your cock tonight.” Brian’s cock signaled it thought that was a fantastic idea.


They went to the bathroom together, flossing, peeing and brushing like millions of other couples except, thought Brian smirking, that they looked better than most doing it.


“Wha...?” said Justin, his mouth full of toothpaste.


“We look hot,” said Brian, hugging him and watching their reflection.


Justin spat his toothpaste in the sink and grinned. “You are so weird.”


“Why don’t you sleep in tomorrow. It’s Wednesday. You only have class at three on Wednesdays.”


“How do you know?”


“Because I’m signing the paychecks. Last pay period, you had nine hours of overtime, all on Wednesdays, because you’ve worked until 2:00 0r 2:30. So you must start at three, which means you don’t have to get to Plexus until 9:30.”


“But I like riding in with you.”


“Would you rather ride a cab with me in the morning, or ride my cock right now?”


Justin grinned at Brian’s reflection. “I’ll set the alarm on my phone for 8:45,” he said, going to the bedroom to do just that.


Brian smiled at himself in the mirror. “Lucky bastard,” he said to himself. “You are about to fuck Justin.” He took his clothes off and went into the bedroom.


Justin was lying on his stomach, naked, programming his new phone. “I hadn’t even set the time yet,” he said.


“Take your time,” said Brian and he lay between Justin’s legs, spreading them apart. Justin’s ass was so perfect. He spread the cheeks a little and licked Justin’s crack, from as far down as he could reach to Justin’s tail bone and back again. He loved the way Justin arched his back with a contented sigh.


“This new phone is soooo complex. It might take me a while,” he said. Never mind that the phone was now sitting on the integrated shelf next to him and that he was resting comfortably with his cheek on his pillow.


Brian smiled and licked again, this time stopping at Justin’s anus, circling the folds with a very wet tongue.


“Hummm…” said Justin, appreciatively


Brian pointed his tongue and stabbed it in as far as he could go and started pushing it in and pulling it out, savoring Justin’s sweetness. He loved this. Fuck, if Justin didn’t need his sleep, he could have done this half the night. He was loving Justin’s scent, his taste, his sounds of pleasure. He started pushing some spit in, just so he could suck it back out and salivated at the thought.


But then, suddenly, not quite aware of how it had happened, he was on his knees, covering his own cock with spit and refusing to think, he pushed his cock inside Justin, raw. The sensitive head felt Justin’s folds open up and stretch like a flower around his push, all the way along the soft, warm sphincter, until he passed the second ring of muscle, tight and hot, and he was in, and it was the most amazing feeling he had ever known, the silky velvet he loved even softer, warmer, tighter.


He stayed there, unmoving, savoring the sensations. Justin raised his head and looked into his eyes, and this slight motion massaged Brian’s cock in sleekness and suction. Brian pulled out, slowly, the blue eyes questioning. What could he say? It was the third time he’d entered Justin without protection, but the first time he’d done so deliberately. It was dangerous and stupid, indulgent and selfish. And he wanted nothing more than to do it again.


He lay down next to Justin, reached for a condom packet and for the lube and unrolled the condom on. He put a lot of lube on, still under Justin’s scrutiny. He realized Justin was trying to figure out if the raw penetration had been accidental, like the last time at Gillian’s, or intentional, and having no idea how to react to the second.


Brian had gotten a call from the small clinic a block west from his office. Like it had in December and in January, his February HIV test had returned negative. Of course the one that really counted was next month’s, but… That was no excuse. He would not do that again, especially never again without Justin’s express consent. God, it had been so incredibly wrong.


Justin straddled his body and slowly, slowly, pushed himself down on Brian’s cock. It felt wonderful. Once he was fully seated, Justin started moving in slow sensuous motions, his hands on Brian’s rib cage. It was so hot to watch him fuck himself.


Justin came to lie on top of Brian, his face in Brian’s neck, whispering. “Putting a condom on after feeling it raw is like a painting changing to monochrome, or a colored picture going to black and white. Let’s be more careful and not… forget again, OK? It is much too hard to give up.” Brian shivered.


Justin sat back up again and smiled at him, a loving, joyful, sexy smile that put a close on what had just happened. “Would you like me to show you what I was thinking about all day?” he asked, playfully.


“Oh, yeah,” said Brian, feeling his cock harden even more.


Justin held the condom as he came off Brian’s cock, and turned around, sitting back down on it with his ass towards Brian. He pulled Brian’s knees up, and used them to lean on as he started to move up and down. Fuck. The view was incredible. Because he was straddling Brian, Justin’s cheeks were spread apart, and his pink rim, stretched around Brian’s big dick was in full view. As he pumped Brian’s dick into his ass, Brian could see himself slide in and slide out. Behind his own dick, he could see Justin’s heavy balls swinging with the motions, until Justin’s hand came to play with them.


“Justin, Justin, tell me what you’re doing to your cock, please!”


“My arm is resting on your leg, not moving. My hand is in a tight fist around my cock. Every time I come up on yours, it pushes mine into my fist, until the head pops out. When I push myself down, so I can feel your great big cock deep into my heat, my cock goes back down into my fist, and I make it nice and tight to squeeze the head the way you know I like. And I’m going to keep doing it, fucking myself on you faster and harder, until I come all over your thigh.”


“Fuck,” said Brian. Helping his abs with his arms, he pushed himself up to a sitting position, but he still couldn’t see. However, he was able to reach his arm around Justin and wrap his hand around Justin’s. Justin removed his hand all together evidently preferring to be in Brian’s care. Brian held himself up, resting on his left arm, feeling Justin’s cock move through his hand and Justin, using Brian’s knees to stabilize himself, started fucking himself on Brian’s cock faster and faster.


The position was awkward and somewhat unsatisfactory, as Brian was a very visual person and sitting up as he was, he could no longer see his cock going into Justin and could see neither Justin’s cock, nor his face. It still felt heavenly, and he loved Justin’s cock in his hand and Justin was obviously getting off on being able to fuck himself deep and fast on Brian’s hard cock, and enjoyed the hand job he was getting very much. His moans and pants told Brian he was getting close and Brian tightened his fist, and moved as much as he could in counterbalance to Justin to fuck him even harder.


That did it. With a “Yes, fuck, Brian,” and guttural cry, Justin came all over Brian’s hand. Brian gave him a minute to reach the end of his orgasm, then bodily grabbed him and laid him on his back on top of the bed. Justin had that soft look he got after a good orgasm, and knowing Brian had not come, he spread his knees for him.

 

 

Brian added a little lube, not wanting to hurt Justin, and slid back in through his relaxed sphincter. With a smile, Justin tightened around him and Brian started fucking him hard and fast, chasing his own orgasm. He was aware of Justin watching him lovingly and when he was there, he looked into his lover’s face. Justin smiled and said, “Come deep inside, Brian, as deep as you can get.”


Brian pushed in, far in, and let loose. He came in long pulses he was hoping Justin could feel, watching Justin’s smiling mouth. Would he ever get to do this and know the feeling of his come flowing freely inside Justin? Would he ever get to eat Justin’s ass after they’d fucked and get to suck his own seed back out, flavored by Justin’s sweetness?


He pulled out gently, took off the condom and tied it. Brian curled around Justin who was sleeping already, soft, warm and pliable. Brian turned off the light and joined him in slumber.

 

*****



He woke up in the exact position he had gone to sleep in. After breathing in the sleepy Justin scent, with a bit of spunk and sweat thrown in (he wished he could bottle that smell) he gently untangled himself from him and shut off his alarm seven minutes before it was due to go off. He gently put the duvet on top of Justin. Spooning as they did, they kept each other plenty warm and the duvet usually slept on the floor.


He moved quietly into the bathroom, closed the sliding door behind him and took a quick shower. He carefully opened his closet, taking the first suit, the first shirt and the first tie he put his hands on, not wanting to turn on the light. He grabbed the loafers and belt on the farthest left, because they were black and would go with everything. He left the bedroom and got dressed after closing the sliding partition.


He still hated to leave without saying goodbye, so he went to find a piece of paper in his desk, and a marker. He wrote, “Call me right now” on it, took his shoes off again and sneaked back into their bedroom to put the note right on top of Justin’s phone. He left quietly, and called LaShaun for his quadruple espresso, and for a ‘Why bother?’ (what he liked to call Cynthia’s choice beverage of decaf, nonfat, sugar-free vanilla latte) from the elevator. It took him only a minute to flag down a cab and he was off, hoping the three hours of extra sleep would do Justin good.


He doubted very much Justin would go to bed before he came home tonight. He would want to hear about the dinner. He mentally shook himself. Justin was old enough to take care of himself. He didn’t need Brian to worry about his lack of sleep and exercise, for heaven sakes. One really had to be careful. Being so in love with someone could really lead to ridiculous behaviors. Brian grinned. He wondered if Justin had to fight similar urges, or if it was different when your lover was twelve years your senior, instead of twelve years your junior.


He had left messages last night for Emily, Betsy, Dianne and Cynthia, asking them to coordinate the partner’s schedules to allow for a meeting as early as possible in the day. He arrived before Cynthia (amazing how much less time it took to get ready for work when you did not fuck once or twice before leaving the house…), and left her useless drink on her blotter.


In his office, he took out his laptop, grabbed the Parchment file and went to work. He was meeting with Sally at 10:00 and would convince her to use their ad, or die trying. He could not stomach another repeat of the previous year's ads. If she resisted again, he was passing her down to a junior exec. She certainly didn’t need the most creative team if she was not going to let them be creative.


He had only been rehearsing his argument for fifteen minutes when Cynthia came in.


“Boss, the partners will be in your office at 8:30. You’ll have thirty minutes. That’s the best we could do.”


“It’s fantastic, and exactly what I needed. Could you organize and make four copies of the Tuscan Pharmaceutical papers in this folder, and prepare one for courier to this guy?” He handed her Steven’s card.


“You found a way to get rid of the account, didn’t you?”


“We are getting rid of the account, of Tuscan, and of his influence in Washington all at once, if it all works out.”


She grinned. “That will teach Alan to stick you with an account you don’t want…”


Brian chuckled. “One can always hope.”


Brian put away Parchment, and prepared for meeting with his partners with the same intensity. He had a lot to sell them. If he could do this, he could definitely sell Sally the blue haired ladies.


Scott and Steven’s idea about Tuscan hoping to force the FDA to take unapproved HIV drugs off the market felt right to him, but would probably seem farfetched to his partners. He would have to give them a choice of hypotheses of why Tuscan was doing what he was doing. They were no doubt going to ask why Tuscan had even bothered to scratch the original campaign, based on the FDA trials showing no side effects at all.


The only logical explanation was that Tuscan had quietly but heavily financially compensated the 14 or so patients concerned, with some kind of non disclosure clause attached to keep them quiet, and that once they went after the FDA, the monetary reparation would come out. If they had been very generous, and Brian thought they probably had been very generous indeed, it would make them look caring enough to try to make up for the poor patients’ plight.


He would concentrate on the indubitable facts. He made a list:

The drug could absolutely not be put on the market.

The FDA had, against the rules, not been immediately told of the side effect.

Tuscan was involving Plexus by making them design a useless campaign, associating their good name with a scandal, which would reflect on the firm justly or not.

None of the reasons he could think of for Tuscan Pharmaceutical’s behavior were good, in any way: Insurance fraud? Stock price manipulation? FDA scandal?


Then he listed the steps he wanted to take to get rid of the problem.

During tonight’s dinner, announce his sexual orientation to Tuscan and speak about his acquaintance with his sons using Tuscan’s own bigotry and his hypocrisy to force him to agree to release Plexus without blame.

Have Steven disclose the side effect to the FDA.

Have Paul make an announcement regarding the illegal shenanigans of their client to protect themselves from a lawsuit for breach of confidentiality.


The partners might agree to the first, but shy away from the second part of the plan. They might just want to step back and let the chips fall where they may. In that case, Brian was ready to provide Steven with the file anyway, risking Plexus getting sued and losing his position in the company. Some things just mattered too much to be left alone.


If they agreed with the second part of the plan, they were bound to point out to him that his dinner conversation with Tuscan was now unnecessary. That Paul could make his announcement as soon as Steven was done filing the information about the side effects with the FDA and the entire dinner could be forgotten about. And that was absolutely true. He would try to explain to them his desire to meet the man face to face and force him to give in to a queer. They might neither understand nor agree. And if they did not, he would bow down gracefully. His own personal satisfaction was not the important thing, here.


When they came in, it was obvious Alan had already shared his misgivings about Tuscan. They looked pretty serious. Brian gave them the facts, and his different hypotheses as to the reason behind Tuscan's behavior.


“Can’t be insurance fraud,” said Paul. “There is no such insurance. People trust the FDA, and pharmaceutical companies are allowed huge profits for the risks they take.”


“Can’t be stock manipulation,” said Marcus. “The investigation after something like that would be very thorough. They would get nailed for sure.”


“So it has to be something to do with the FDA,” said Alan. “Brian, I’m sure you have a theory. Give.”


“If they make the FDA look lax, the agency will have to tighten up to keep the public’s trust,” he said.


“Well, they could not make it any more difficult to get a drug approved, that’s for sure,” said Paul. “I’ve worked with Tuscan for two years. The crap they have to go through just for over the counter meds is unbelievable. They would have to tighten up somewhere else.”


“They have been allowing the use of some experimental drugs before they meet full approval,” mentioned Brian, hoping they would reach the same conclusion Scott had without his help.”


“That’s true,” said Marcus. “Dianne’s niece was on one for her leukemia. Didn’t make it, poor tyke. But the drug worked. It was just too late. She was too weak and the side effects were brutal. I understand they tweaked it now, and the results are better.”


“Why would Tuscan want to stop the use of experimental cancer drugs?” asked Alan.


They were all quiet for a moment, and Brian rolled in his lips unconsciously.


“Fuck,” said Paul. “Of course. Tuscan doesn’t want to stop experimental cancer drugs. We forget what the prick is: One of the biggest homophobes around, and proud of it. ‘AIDS is God’s punishment for the homosexuals’ evil choice to be homosexuals.’” He quoted disgustedly. “‘We should let nature run its course and free us from the scourge of homosexuality’, and so on.

 

 

“Most the drugs in the HIV cocktail are experimental. The cocktail keeps tens of thousands of gay men healthy. Die, queer, die. That’s what he is after, the son of a bitch. That’s what he wants…”

 

 

It had sounded scary coming from Scott, but because they were gay, Brian thought that though it sounded right to him there had been the possibility it might have been a little bit paranoid. Hearing it from someone like Paul, who was happily married and had no close bonds with anyone homosexual was downright horrifying.


“Good Heavens!” said Marcus, looking honestly appalled. “I think you may be right! Where do people like him come off passing judgment on others that belong only to God? Though I hope and pray that he would fail, we cannot in good conscience let him proceed with this plan. I recognize we may be completely off the track here, and that his intentions might be wildly different than what you describe, Paul, but somehow this feels accurate. We need to get rid of him as a client, but we also need to stop him.”


Alan had been pretty quiet until now. He’d been thinking. “We need to get this information to the FDA. If we do it anonymously, they have no reason to believe us, plus by the time they look into an anonymous tip, it might be too late. We have to contact the doctor at Columbia who ran the trials, and make him aware of this. Of course, then, Tuscan’ll sue us for breach of confidentiality, and say they were confirming the data or such bullshit to explain the delay. Brian?”


“The original doctor is in the jungles of El Salvador. A friend of mine, who does research at Columbia and is familiar with the FDA will file the info with them as soon as you guys allow me to officially show them to him.” He took a breath. “As far as getting sued… I was thinking a good offense is the best defense. Paul could make an announcement that during his routine research for the product he was writing a campaign for, and after some unexplained withholding of major information by the company, he has come to the conclusion that they are trying to hide a dangerous irreversible side effect of the drug from the FDA, putting profit ahead of patient welfare, and that Plexus, though it might well cost us a lawsuit, is determined to do what is right for the public.”


“You, Brian Kinney, are seriously Machiavellian,” said Alan, shaking his head. “They could not sue us after an announcement like that and it makes us look like the good guys. But why Paul? Why not you?”


“Yes,” asked Paul. “Believe me, I am all for doing it myself. After all, I had to put up with this bastard a lot longer than you, and now it seems that it wasn’t just their rep being forgetful that got me fired, but a deliberate choice on their part to withhold some information. One stupid guy didn’t screw me. I was fucked by the CEO. But why not you?”


“Because you will do it while I am having dinner with the bastard,” said Brian, grim.


“If we do this, you will have no need to break bread with that despicable man,” said Marcus.


“True,” said Alan. “But I’m with Brian on this. He called back to confirm they would be thrilled to have Heather and I join the dinner party. I want to see that SOB’s face when we tell him what we are doing, and I am sure that before that, Brian will have a few choice words with him about his homosexual life choice”


“It gets better, or worse, depending on how you look at it. Tuscan has four sons, including one set of twins in med school. He has known for seven years now that his twins are gay. He has kept them in line with threats of completely severing ties between them and their family, and throwing them out penniless. They knew, as teenagers, that if they talked about it to their mom, they would never see her or their brothers again. He is very controlling and has always kept all of them under his thumb.


“They were waiting for their med school graduation to tell him what he could do with their trust funds, and announce their sexual orientation in the most public and the most humiliating way to him possible. They only wished their mom knew about them, so she would not hear it for the fist time when they made a scene.”


“Can you out them without financial repercussions to them?”


“Yes, I believe I can. I’ve learned enough about their past to make it seem that I did not hear it from them.”


“So you know them pretty well?”


“Never talked to either. My information came from my investigative team: Justin, his friend Todd, and Brandon Bloomquist. Apparently, as a trio, they are pretty irresistible…”


Alan smiled. “I bet.”


To be continued...

     

 

Chapter 19 - Discovery - Part 2. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Discovery - Part 2


“What time is your dinner?” asked Marcus.


“Seven,” said Alan.


“Paul, I’ll call Martin from the Times, Lillian from the Daily News and Myles from the Post. Do you guys know anyone from the Sun, from Newsday, or from the Journal?”


“I’ll call Art Greenwald from the Wall Street Journal,” said Alan. “Heather and I have played tennis with him and his wife several times.”


“I am, uh… acquainted with someone at the Sun, and someone else at the Village Voice,” said Brian.


“Do you actually know these people’s names, Brian?” teased Paul.


“I know their first names, and their phone numbers, and the length of their cock,” said Brian.


“Oh, good,” said Marcus, rolling his eyes. “That last part will come in handy, I’m sure.”


“Well,” said Paul, “that just leaves Newsday. I’ll just call their desk. They can send us an intern and make the kid’s day… Let’s tell them no photographers. We’ll have Phil take some pictures to make sure I look good and have the right expression. If we are going to spin this, we might as well do it right… “


“We will need copies of the more damning documents, with little handwritten notes in the margins, as if they were your own copies,” added Brian. “You know: Is this right? Must call Tuscan rep and check on this!!! and so on, and some graffiti under the FDA’s phone number, as if you were on hold for a long time. Then a little math, calculating how many people were affected so far: 70%X4000=14!!! You know what I mean.”


“Sounds good. I’ll get those ready. I’ll talk to Gerard in Legal, and see what he thinks.” Paul chuckled. “He’s going to have kittens.”


“There will be positive and negative repercussions to this, you know. We may lose a few accounts. Then again, the good publicity might balance it out.” Marcus was thinking out loud. He would probably run an hypothetical projection before the night was over. He couldn’t help himself.


Brian’s phone rang.


“Kinney.”


“Hey. Got your note.”


“Good. Hold on.” Brian looked at his partners. “Thank you for your support on this, guys. If you think of something, don’t hesitate.”


They all had busy days and left his office still chatting, closing the door behind them. It was close to nine.


“I thought you’d set your alarm for 8:45…”


“I had. It plays one of the songs in my MP3 player, so I didn't turn it off for a while.” Justin was quiet for a second. “I… I jerked off, instead, thinking of last night. So I didn’t see your note right away.”


“So, I take it you really enjoyed riding my cock…” Brian was smiling, his cock twitching.


“…”


The connection was still active, Brian could hear Justin’s breathing. “Justin?”


“I did but…” Justin’s voice was so soft, even in the quiet of his office that Brian plugged his other ear to hear him better. “But I was actually thinking about what happened before that, when you entered me… bare. Brian, it felt so good, so wonderful, I didn’t want you to stop. Your cock was so warm and soft and slick, and I could feel the head breaching me and it was…” Justin’s voice caught. “Perfect. It was perfect… I love you, Brian, I love you so much and I…” Was that a sniffing sound? Was Justin crying? A deep breath at the other end of the line, and “…I’ve got to go. I’m running late. Later.”


“Justin?”


“Yeah?”


“It was perfect.” Brian took a chance. “The way it should be… I love you too, Sunshine. Later.”


After hanging up, Brian just stared at his phone for a minute, rolling in his lips. Did Justin mean that he wanted it that way too, or was he wistful for what couldn’t be because he wasn’t ready? Was he upset because he knew Brian had done it on purpose, or because he thought Brian wasn’t ready? Brian opened the top drawer of his desk, and stared at the small blue box there. He closed it again, and deliberately picked up the Parchment account file. Where was he? Of yes… He absorbed himself again in the preparations for his meeting.


Brian left the office at 5:00. He caught a cab to the loft to have time to get ready for the dinner at Tuscan’s. All and all, he’d had a wonderful day. His partners were now his partners in crime, so to speak. He had convinced Sally from Parchment to accept their ad (God that woman was stubborn. He’d had an easier time convincing Body by Design to run a four fronts campaign…), and through no fault of their own, Justin and he had been stuck in the elevator coming back from viewing the final cut of Greenbabies' ad, which was absolutely fantastic.


It had taken one serious makeout session, followed by the trading of mindblowing, knees weakening, Let’s see how fast I can make you come blowjobs for the elevator to work again. Brian chuckled. Justin had won that contest hands down. When he was determined, Brian was completely helpless to resist. He just hoped the walls of the elevator shaft muted his cry of release.


He was happy with his own performance, though, as it had left Justin with that “What’s my name?” look on his face. He’d had to tuck him back in his pants himself, and then bite his lower lip as he kissed the reddened mouth to reboot Justin’s brain.


Justin had called him on his way to Pratt, and Brian had taken a small espresso break. Justin’s class on Wednesday was Art Analysis and Criticism. He thought it was interesting because it forced you to ignore your emotional reaction to a painting and view it in a detached way.


He said it helped him tremendously with his own paintings, so he could step back and see them clearly, able to see the composition and colors, all the technical aspects and make sure they were as good as possible so his work would elicit the emotional response he was searching for without the distraction, mostly unconscious, of the viewer’s brain getting hung up on some technical issue.


Also, you could actually learn to admire and appreciate a particular piece of art for its qualities, even if you hated it. The class had given him a completely new understanding of the Art Critics approach. He had always wondered if they could really ignore their personal taste to allow them the honest evaluation of a painting. This class was teaching him how.


Brian had enjoyed their conversation. His own education had been oriented early on to business and advertising, because he had known it was what he wanted to do with is life. It was very interesting to learn even a small thing about a subject he had previously known nothing about. Would it be as interesting if it wasn’t Justin giving the explanation? He honestly didn’t know.


Undisturbed by Justin presence, by the sight of his face, of his lips as he talked, it was nice to concentrate on his voice. Justin spoke more softly than most people. His voice was slightly higher pitched than average for a man and one could hear his emotions clearly. Brian actually realized that if he was ever confused about Justin’s state of mind, it might help to listen to him without visual distraction.


“I’m almost there,” Justin had said, as the cab reached its destination. “I’m going to paint tonight. Call me when you leave Tuscan’s. If I wait at the loft I’ll wear a path in our beautiful rug.”


“That’d be a shame. Happy painting. If you leave when I call, you should get home only a little after I do. I think I’ll wait for you naked in bed. What do you say?”


He could hear the Sunshine in Justin’s voice as he answered, “That sounds so good you’d think we hadn’t made love in days… You might as well have a condom on and lubed,” he added. “… Fuck, Brian. My body craves yours like a drug, I swear…”


“Believe me, I know exactly what you mean. I never seem to be able to get enough of you. Half the time, I pull out of you and already wait impatiently for the next time I get to slide inside you again. I love fucking you, Justin. I absolutely love it. And rimming you and sucking you and jerking you off and kissing you. And just holding you…” Brian suddenly felt incredibly self-conscious. When had he become so embarrassingly loquacious?


“Brian?”


“…Yes.”


“I love you too.”


Brian chuckled. Yes, Justin loved him. Him. Not some image he projected and had to maintain at all costs. He did not have watch how he felt, watch what he said. Fuck. He was loved. Unconditionally. He felt as if the sudden warmth in his chest suffused his entire body.


“Later,” he said.


“Later,” Justin answered, and even that simple word carried his smile, his love and his inner joy right along with it and straight into Brian’s heart.


Brian showered and shaved, brushed and flossed. He chose his blue Armani, a crisp white shirt with a beautiful weave, and looked through his tie collection. He selected a couple and was testing them in the mirror when, grinning, he put them away and opened Justin’s closet.


He stole one of his three Jay Kos ties. It was light grey-blue silk satin with a tight pattern. If you looked closely you noticed the individual pieces of the pattern were flying seagulls, dark grey and white, with a yellow beak. It looked perfect. He looked perfect. Handsome, elegant, successful, sure of himself. Straight. While wearing his life partner’s tie. He smirked.


At twenty to seven, right on time, the door buzzer went off. Brian put on his blue Dior overcoat, and went downstairs. The driver was holding the door for him. It was Justin’s friend. Brian smiled and said hello. Alan looked very smart in Hugo Boss, and Heather, as usual, looked stunningly lovely.


Like Tuscan’s wife, she looked like a perfect WASP, though in her case it was not appearance only. She could trace her family tree to the Mayflower, and was related to the Cabbots. Of course, she could not have cared less, and was smart, sweet and had a devilishly funny sense of humor. She also had a potty mouth that would rival Mel’s, though she was better at controlling it when necessary.


She grinned at Brian. “Shit, Brian, you look fine. It’s so fucking unfair to women that you’re a fag… What a Goddamned shame!”


“And it’s so unfair to fags everywhere that you’re a woman and not a transvestite,” he said, giving her a peck on the cheek. “Oh well.”


She burst out laughing. Brian leaned forward to talk to the driver. “So, how is the new bowling ball working out?”


“Took a couple of weeks to get used to, but now it’s really good. My wife and I won a couple’s contest last month.” He chuckled. “She’ s actually better than me. Did your boyfriend get the job?”


“Yes, he did. He’s doing very well. And he has an exposition of his paintings coming up. Maybe you’d like to come. Your daughter would love it, I think.”


“I bet she would. Where will it be?”


“Some gallery in the Village. I’ll send you an invitation to the opening at work, if you’d like.”


“That’d be grand. The name is Charles Bernard. I really appreciate it.”


“You’re welcome.”


He turned back to Alan and Heather who were looking at him with puzzled expressions.


“Charles had been driving our clients around for years,” he said. “He takes me to the airport a lot, as well.”


Heather pulled a face. “You make me feel like a jerk. I don’t think I’ve ever looked at the drivers before, and the only thing I ever say to them is like, ’Do you think we’ll be on time?’ God. I’m so oblivious.”


“Yes,” said Brian sententiously. “You are a terrible person.”


“You’d never said boo to this guy before meeting Taylor, did you?” said Alan with a smirk.


“Didn’t know the man existed” replied Brian, grinning. “Justin, on the other hand, genuinely finds everybody worth his effort. It’s eye opening. So, Heather, are you ready for the big bad wolf?”


“I was thinking of hitting him for a donation for our next silent auction. What do you think?” she asked, smiling. She was very involved in a project providing teenagers living on the streets with a safe place to sleep and one meal a day. A lot of them were sex workers, and her organization, Babayit, estimated that about one third of them were HIV positive. They provided AIDS awareness pamphlets, gave free HIV testing and offered bare bones HIV counseling. It was named after a song the founder, an Iranian-American, had used to sing to her children to put them to sleep when they were little, Good night, my little Babayit. In Farsi, babayit meant lamb. The woman’s daughter had died of heart failure while smoking crack in a filthy crack house and had weighed ninety-three pounds for her 5’9” frame by then. Heather was probably as happy to dine with Tuscan as he was.


“Not until 8:00 o’clock,” said Alan. “Paul’s get together with the press should be over by then…”


They had transmitted all the information they had on Allerfree to Steven as soon as Cynthia had had it ready, and he had faxed a copy to the FDA at his lunch hour, mailing the originals, a precaution recommended by Gerard. Gerard had also spent two hours with Paul, reviewing what he could and could not say, what he could imply and what he should let people figure out for themselves.


There was no point in giving Tuscan any ammunition in case they decided to sue Plexus anyway. Luckily, Paul was really comfortable speaking with people face to face. It was the technique he favored when first meeting clients. He was in his element.


The limo pulled up in front of a strikingly modern townhouse in the Upper East Side, the house that cough syrup built, remarked Heather, and they all three sat there without moving for a second, Charles holding the door open. Then Alan made the first move and got out, turning around to give his hand to Heather. Brian took a deep breath and followed them. “Thanks, Mr. Bernard,” he said.


“Posh place,” the driver said. “Have a good evening.”


Each story of the townhouse had floor to ceiling windows, and every one of them was illuminated. It looked like a beacon in the darkness of the more conventional homes surrounding it.


“People living in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones…” commented Brian.


“Well, evidently Bob Tuscan has never understood the meaning of that little pearl of wisdom,” said Heather, with a nervous giggle.


The main entrance was below street level where the servant’s access used to be. As they were getting to the door, a young Asian woman in uniform opened it. The fact that her uniform was incredibly old fashioned made a strange contrast with her ultra modern surroundings.


Considering Brian's own tastes one would have thought the architecture and décor were right up his alley; however, his modern tastes were tempered by his ultimate need for comfort and function. What he could see of the residence so far reflected neither. It was only pretentious and purposeless.


The young woman took their outer garments and led them up the stairs to a sitting area where Tuscan and his wife were waiting. It was separated from the main corridor only by a glass wall. She, sitting on the edge of her uncomfortable looking chair, was staring at a page of Vogue. Sitting with his legs crossed on the matching loveseat, Tuscan was reading the Wall Street Journal.


The setup was made particularly absurd when they pretended not to be aware that their guests had arrived until their young maid announced, “Mr. and Mrs. Alan Curry, and Mr. Brian Kinney”, as if they might have forgotten who was coming, though the maid had never inquired as to the guests' names.


Their hosts got to their feet. Bob as tall as Brian and Alan, with ice blue eyes, and silver hair. He greeted Alan as a long lost friend, though his smile did not reach his eyes, and introduced his wife, Lindy. She was attractive, though her blue eyes were vague, as if she was barely paying attention to the proceedings, and she had a certain bitterness in her mouth. Her hair was the beautifully shaded blonde that could only be bought for a lot of money in a salon.

 

 

Alan introduced his wife as Mrs. Heather Curry, and Brian simply as Mr. Kinney. Brian had never realized he could be so devious. Bob offered them drinks. Brian was surprised to hear Alan’s request for a dry martini. He usually only drank vodka, but then Brian noticed a bottle of J&B, one of SKYY Vodka (Alan’s brand) and one of Tanqueray for Heather’s usual gin and tonic prominently displayed. Bob had had an underling research their drinking preferences.


Alan 2, Tuscan 0.


So Brian asked for a single malt scotch, an Islay if possible. To be even more contrary, Heather requested a pink champagne. Tuscan signaled to the young woman who was still standing at attention. Obviously, Bob had not been prepared for Heather’s whimsy. He was able to accommodate the gentlemen with what he had on hand, but the champagne was probably in a fridge somewhere.


He asked his wife, “Perrier, my dear?” and Brian thought he saw the first sign of enjoyment in her eyes when she replied, “No thank you. I think I will join Heather and have pink champagne as well.” Though he made no comment, and served himself a tonic water with lime, Tuscan did not look amused. The maid returned with the champagne, and Tuscan told her, “For the Ladies.”


Now that they all had their drinks in hand he seemed to find his footing. “I must say, Mr. Kinney, though I was disappointed to have to let Paul go after two years of successful cooperation, I am rather glad to have been given a chance to work with you. Lindy just adores your Clearlife commercial, and the Click Clack and Body by Design campaigns are simply brilliant. I hear there are rumors of a possible Clio in your future.”


“Of course a Clio would go to our firm, not to me personally,” corrected Brian, “and considering the nominations are not in yet, I would say the rumors you mention are only that, and probably unfounded, Mr. Tuscan. It is, after all, an international competition. There are a lot of extremely talented people in the profession. Obviously if a nomination came our way, we would be thrilled.”


“Be that as it may, you have shown amazing talent and creativity in your work, and it has had an impact, even in our small household. We are all taking Clearlife brand supplements now, and the boys all requested Vuarnet sunglasses for our annual ski vacation at Christmas this year. And please, call me Bob.”


“Thank you,” said Brian, and whether it was for the compliment or for the permission to use the man’s first name, he did not say. Neither did he return the favor of offering Tuscan the use of his own first name. “I love my work, and I have the full support of a fantastically talented group of people. Teamwork is key in our profession and Plexus has the best team a man could ask for.”


“I believe a team is only as good as its leader. Without intelligent leadership, even the most talented people can lack focus and give mediocre results. Certainly a string of successes like the ones you have had this year has be a reflection of your own abilities.”


“I have to agree with Bob, Brian. You have always been an asset to Plexus, and if this year reflects your true potential, as I believe it does, we will never have made a better decision than to make you a partner so soon after you joined the firm. You have a way to get the best out of people.”


“And I believe that’s why they have nicknamed me The Asshole,” commented Brian, with a smile.

 

 

Lindy almost snorted in her pink champagne, and Alan chuckled.


“Being a brilliant leader does not always make one popular,” replied Tuscan, obviously considering himself on par with Brian.


“And what nickname do your employees give you, Bob?” asked Heather, all smiles.


“I’m sure I wouldn’t know,” said Bob, stiffly.


Lindy bent to Heather and whispered, just loud enough that they all heard, “That fucking prick…” It was Heather’s turn to snort in her pink champagne.


“Very funny, Lindy,” commented Tuscan, with a fake smile. His eyes looked like ice.


A maitre d’ appeared. “Dinner is served, Madam,” he announced to Lindy.


Ridiculously, Tuscan offered Heather his arm to guide her to the dining room. Both Brian and Alan came to offer their arms to Lindy, who looked at a loss for a second, so Brian grabbed Alan’s arm, and they very seriously followed Tuscan and Heather. Behind them, they heard Lindy crack up. They let go of each other before Tuscan, who had pulled a chair out for Heather, had a chance to turn around.


Against the conventions of nineteenth century polite society that Tuscan apparently liked to emulate, Brian pulled a chair out for Lindy on his right, and Alan went to sit next to his own wife, leaving Tuscan at the head of the table between the two ladies.


The first course of caviar and blinis was as predictable as could be. Brian usually made a polite effort to pretend to enjoy the swordfish roe, but he despised it, and since he despised his host even more, he just said, “No thank you. I cannot stand the stuff.” He winked at Lindy, hoping not to hurt her feelings.


“Mr. Kinney, it is so refreshing for a guest to actually express his true opinion. I am not myself such a great fan of caviar. Is smoked salmon more to your liking?”


“Definitely.”


“Albert, would you bring some smoked salmon instead, for Mr. Kinney and I?”


The maitre d’ was about to take away the extra servings of caviar and pass them to the maid when Heather said, “Unless you want it for yourself, Albert, hand it over. I could eat the stuff by the pound,” and under Tuscan’s horrified gaze, Heather pushed the two extra servings of caviar onto her plate, saying, “Yum. One tablespoon is never enough, you know? I can eat a whole tinful while watching Oprah…”


Albert poured a small amount of wine into Tuscan’s glass, who barely remembered to taste it and nod. Heather put her hand over her glass. “I’ll continue with the pink champagne if you don’t mind. Perrier et Jouet, isn’t it?” she asked Tuscan.


“Indeed,” said Tuscan.


“It’s quite good, isn’t it?” Heather said to Lindy.


“Yes it is. I believe I’ll continue with it as well,” Lindy said, the perfect hostess, though in this case, Brian wasn’t sure witch dictated her constant graceful behavior to her unconventional guests, whether her perfect manners, or her getting a thrill at the increased annoyance of her husband.


Brian also turned down the wine (a shame really, it was probably very good), and requested Evian water for the rest of the meal instead. After all, he didn’t need the calories and enjoyed the clenching of Tuscan’s jaw more than he would have the wine.


“You know,” said Heather to Lindy, “another thing I really hate during dinner parties, aside from guests who are too shy to speak up when they can’t stand the food, is hosts who answer phone calls. The other day we were dinning at some friends who will remain anonymous, since I am about to name him as a terrible host, with the Clintons, no less, and he took a call in the middle of dinner. What a way to tell your guest: You people are pretty boring, I would rather be doing something else…. From the look between Bill and Hillary, I can tell you I wasn’t the only one thinking I wouldn’t be coming back…


Brian saw Tuscan discreetly reach in his pocket to turn off his cell phone. He checked the time. This was why Heather was such an amazing asset to Alan. It was eight o’clock, and Paul must have finished his meeting with the press. She had just insured that Tuscan would not hear about it until they were gone.


“So, Mr. Kinney, what approach are you thinking of taking with your campaign for Allerfree?” asked Tuscan, ready to talk business.


“Well, to be perfectly honest, I am not quite sure just how much work I am actually going to put into it,” answered Brian, looking at him candidly.


“Whatever can you mean?” asked Tuscan, thoroughly confused.


“Well, before we sat down to dinner, you were in a way praising my intelligence, so I am surprised that after I finally obtained some of the information I spent a week requesting from Michael Smith, you would expect me not to have figured out that Allerfree is never going to hit the market. I love my work, but I am not about to go all out for a campaign that will at best get one single airing. I fully intend on recycling the ads designed by Paul. I would think that would be good enough for a product you plan to publicly pull from being offered to patients, don’t you?”


Tuscan took a long sip of his wine, and looked at Brian speculatively. “Why would my company go to the trouble of advertising a product it intends never to sell, Mr. Kinney?”


“I have been asking myself, and my partners, this exact question, of course. We are fairly sure we have reached the right conclusion, but it would be good to get the facts straight from you, as you can imagine. You have presented us with quite an intellectual challenge…” and there, Brian sent Tuscan an admiring glance, as if he thought the man was the greatest political manipulator since McCarthy.


For the first time that night, Tuscan felt treated with the respect that was due to a visionary such as he.


“I second that, Bob,” said Alan. “It took us a while to see the brilliance of your plan, that is, if we even got it right…” He too gave Tuscan an approving smile.


“Well, well,” said Tuscan. “It seems indeed that I have been found out. You are absolutely right, Mr. Kinney. Due to its late developing side effects and its permanent sequel, Allerfree will not reach the market. Please, though, satisfy my curiosity, and tell me the conclusions you have drawn.”


The second course, a grapefruit, crab and avocado salad was served. It was one of Brian’s favorite. Yet, he wasn’t sure which he’d prefer: to eat it, or to throw it in Tuscan’s smiling face. Hm. He would eat it. Who knows, he might luck out and hate the next course. No use wasting a good salad…


“I feel you and I are alike in many ways,” said Brian. After all, they were both carbon based bipedal life forms, needing water and oxygen to live… “I do not resent paying a lot of taxes. It is a sign that I make a lot of money. However, sometimes I resent the way our government likes to spend my hard earned dollars.”


“Hear, hear,” said Alan, who had fought the war in Iraq till the bitter end.


“I particularly resent the government spending my money on certain types of research,” said Brian. Weapons research was one of his pet peeves. And there had been that ridiculous methane research, having to do with cow flatulence that really, he could have lived without…


Tuscan was smiling broadly. He thought he had found a like thinker.


“Medical research is all well and good…” added Brian, and he was relieved when Tuscan took the bait.


“But not all diseases are created equal, are they, Mr. Kinney?”


“Some diseases can trace their roots directly to the patients' own behavior,” said Brian who still supported research in those areas, as well as preventive education. Some lung diseases, some diabetes, alcoholism, he thought.


Tuscan raised his glass to him. “Exactly,” he said. “And yet we are expected as a society to finance research for a disease directly related to an individual choice of lifestyle. We spend billions of dollars to keep a handful of people healthy who have no one but themselves and their perversion to blame for their disease. It disgusts me. I fight it tooth and nail through legal channels with no significant results. Our society has gone insane.”


“Our society has gone insane,” agreed Alan, no doubt referring to the Bush re-election. It was enough to send Tuscan into pontificating about the ills of promiscuity, of the removal of prayers in school and of the actual sanctification of gay marriages by more and more states.


Brian looked at Lindy, who was looking right back at him. There was nothing vague in her eyes now. Unlike her egocentric husband, she was perfectly aware that Brian had said absolutely nothing that showed any type of actual support whatever for her husband's bigoted ideas.


Justin had said that the boys, Rob and Alex, did not believe she shared her husband’s opinions, though she had never spoken up against him. He smiled at her, and raised his eyebrows questioningly. She looked back at him and nodded very slightly, as if to give him permission to nail the bastard. Heather reached over the table for her hand.


“So we were right,” said Brian. “You are trying to destabilize the FDA, to force it to reduce it’s allowance to use certain drugs before they are fully approved.”


“If patients have to wait for years for the FDA to approve a simple modification to one of our pediatric cough syrups, why should homosexuals rotting from the inside from a disease brought on by their quest for the sick and twisted satisfaction of their disgusting sexual perversion be any different?” asked Tuscan, with a winning smile on his lips, as if there was absolutely nothing wrong with what he had just said, as if he was amongst friends.


“You know, there are some people who are not homosexuals who would grow sick and die,” Brian stated calmly, as if he was pointing out a minor flaw in Tuscan’s plans.


“How many innocent people suffer from that disease?” asked Tuscan, shrugging, dismissing them. “Whores? Drug addicts? They can take it up with the perverts that started it all when we let nature take its course.” Good God, the man was a monster… Lindy had closed her eyes, and took a long drink of champagne. Heather refilled her glass before Albert had a chance to move.


“You have sons in medical school, don’t you?” asked Brian, once again as if he was concerned about some minor problem.


“That’s right,” said Lindy, her voice shaking a little. “Rob and Alex, our twins, are in medical school.”


“How do they feel about your plan? Aren’t you worried this might cause a rift, if they want to dedicate their life to helping the sick…”


“My sons know how I feel. All four of my sons. A family is like a business, Mr. Kinney, and needs a strong leader. I am the leader of this family. I have their support.” He looked so self satisfied.


“You know,” Brian sighed. “That sounds so good I might actually have believed it if I didn’t actually know Rob and Alex. But I do. And I know that there is something else aside from their devotion to medicine that makes it impossible for them to agree with you on this issue. What they, and I, and most of my friends are.”


“What do you mean, what you are?” asked Tuscan, suddenly aware he might have been gravely mistaken in trusting Brian, a vein throbbing on his forehead.


“You know what I mean, Bob… Queers.”


He ate his last bite of salad. He wondered what would have been for dessert. Oh, well.

 

 

He continued, “We queers cannot agree with you, can we, Bob? And thank heaven most straight people with a heart and a conscience cannot either. So, now that you have confirmed for me your plan to basically deliver a painful and undeserved death to many of my friends, I have a confession of my own: I am taking you down. With the help of my straight business partners and friends, with that of my gay friends and with the loving support of my male lover, whom I sincerely hope will soon become my legal husband, I am taking you down.


“Because I'm queer. I'm gay. I'm a homosexual. I'm a faggot, I'm a fairy, I'm a pansy, Bob. I'm a butt pirate, a backside artist. I'm as bent as a three-dollar bill. I am an ass bandit. I lift those shirts. I'm a buggering, fudge-packing, uphill gardener. I swing the other way; I fuck and I’m fucked. I suck and I’m sucked. I rim and get rimmed and much more, and I love it, because I’m queer.”


He looked at Bob Tuscan, finally showing the contempt he had worked hard to hide all evening. “And so are your sons. And we are not the perverts. There's only one twisted bastard in this room and it’s you, Bob.


“The man who threatened to throw out his seventeen year-old boys without a penny and cut them away from their whole family if they told anyone of their homosexuality, even their mother. The one who, with two sons in a high-risk group for a disease, has persevered and takes pride in fighting tooth and nail against funding the education to prevent it, and the research to stop it from killing people. The one who is trying to turn his professional failure into an ideological victory, by using lies and deceit to put doubts into people’s minds about the FDA’s humane policy of allowing the early release of life saving drugs.


“I had the information you provided about the drug’s side effect added to your file at the FDA. You should lose the approval of your drug by noon tomorrow, and while we were having this lovely dinner, the press has been made aware of your desire to design a publicity campaign for a drug you personally knew was unsafe, and that you had withheld that information from the FDA. I am sure there is going to be an official investigation, as well as one by newspapermen who despise your politics and cannot wait to put the nails in your coffin. You are finished. And this queer took you down.”


Bob Tuscan had gone completely white, and he was holding his fist tightly closed around his eating utensils, shaking slightly.


Lindy completely ignored him. She turned to Brian. “You know Rob and Alex?” she asked softly.


“Not well, but yes, I do.”


“So… You are sure they’re gay?”


“Absolutely.”


“And Bob found out seven years ago?”


“They were caught in the showers with some teammates. The coach called your husband.”


She stood up, slapped her husband across the face with a strength Brian would not have suspected she had, and poured her glass of pink champagne over his head. He backed away from the table and the ill designed, uncomfortable chair they had had to suffer sitting on throughout dinner almost spilled him on the floor.

 

 

Her handprint was crimson against his otherwise still bloodless face. He kept opening his mouth, probably looking for a retort, either to Brian or to her, but his brain must have frozen in shock, and he looked like a fish gulping for air. She turned to her guests.


“I do not know about you, but I have quite lost my appetite. So unless you strongly object I would like to call an end to this get together and I would very much appreciate if you could give me a ride away from here.”


“It will be our pleasure, Lindy,” said Heather, getting up from the table, along with Brian and Alan.


“Our coats, please, Albert. May Ling, my packed bags, please.”


They all walked out of the room, where Tuscan was still sitting at the table, his head now in his hands. Downstairs, they retrieved their coats, and May Ling brought Lindy a small Louis Vuitton suitcase and a vanity case. They stepped outside, where the limo was waiting.


Charles opened their door, and took Lindy’s luggage to store it in the trunk. “Where to first?” he inquired. They looked to Lindy who took out her cell phone and dialed.


“Hi, boys, it’s mom. The reason I was so insistent you picked the fold out bed version of your couch is suddenly going to become obvious. I’ve left home and I‘m hoping you will put me up until I have confirmed my contingency plans. I would have normally assumed you were at the library, but something tells me that there might be other activities two gay hunks like you might get up to in the evenings, after a hard day of whatever it is you do in med school. If you have company, I don’t care, though I would like to speak with you at some point. Call me back on my cell. Bye.”


“Well, I’m afraid I have nowhere special to go until they call me back…”


“I don’t know about you guys, but I’m still hungry,” lied Brian. “Let’s go wait for their call at my place.”


“You have food at your place?” asked Heather, shocked.


“Justin is twenty-three. Of course we have food. But I was thinking of ordering Thai for delivery.”


Heather and Alan exchanged a look. “Thai sounds good to us,” said Alan. “Lindy?”


“If it’s no bother, Mr. Kinney.”


“You do know you can call me Brian, don’t you?”


“I would love to. And I cannot wait to meet your young man.”


“Please do not mention what I told Bob? I want to surprise him,” said Brian to all of them.


“Not a word,” said Heather.


“Mention what? to whom?” asked Alan.


“What is he talking about?” asked Lindy, giggling. For a woman who had just left her husband of thirty years and was supposedly on the street and penniless, she seemed in an excellent mood.


Brian dialed Justin.


“Justin Taylor.”


“Hey. We’ve left Tuscan’s, but we have to put a hold on out previous plans. We have guests.”


“It is awfully early. How was it?”


“Not at the moment, no.”


“Ah. Are you in the car with Alan and Heather?”


“And more.”


“Holy crap. Have you got Mrs. Tuscan in there? Did she leave him?”


“Exactly.”


“Oh good for her! Do Rob and Alex know? Did she call them?”


“Not on a cell phone.”


“She called them at home and they were out and you want me to stop at Essengy on my way home to see if they are there and bring them with me if they are?”


“And this is why I love you.”


“… Brian? You just said you loved me in front of Alan and his wife.”


“They’ll live. Later.”


Justin giggled happily. “Later.”


Brian then called and ordered a repeat of what they’d had the last time Brandon and Todd had come over to fuck. He missed those two.


They pulled up in front of his building. They all got out and Brian turned to Charles. “Mr. Bernard, you are legally parked. We might be a while. Why don’t you lock her up, come with us and watch some TV or take a nap in my guest room?”


“You got cable?” asked Charles, grinning.


“Satellite. Over 300 channels.”


“As long as you have the history channel, I’m in.” Charles locked the limo, set the alarm and joined the others waiting for the elevator.”


Heather smiled at him. “How old is your daughter?” she asked.


“Seventeen. She is a senior in high school.”


“And she likes art, does she?” asked Alan. They got in the elevator.


“She wants to go to art school. I think that’s great. She loves art. A person should get to do what they love, you know?”


“It is wonderful when it’s possible,” said Lindy.


“She’s send in her application to several schools. She’s got a 3.88 GPA and she got 1490 on her SATs so I think she might get in, though I’m no judge of how good the art she sent with the application is. To me, everything she does is fantastic.” He was beaming.


Once at the loft, Brian got some water out of the fridge as well as some Chex-mix Justin had made for himself a couple days ago and stored on an airtight canister and took Charles to the old master bedroom, which had a big flat screen TV, and left Charles to the history channel. He rejoined the rest of his guests, finding that Heather had helped herself to a Tanqueray and tonic, Alan to an Absolut, since Brian did not have SKYY, had given Lindy some water from the fridge and poured Brian a J&B. They were still in the kitchen area enjoying their drinks when the buzzer signaled the food had arrived.


Brian went and got it, and smiled when Heather had set the table by the time he returned. Brian went to get himself some chopsticks and sat down.


“You do know Thai people do not eat with chopsticks, right?” she asked.


“Yes, I do.”


“Oh, good. So we’ll agree that you’re fucking weird.”


Alan was looking at Justin’s paintings. “These are Justin Taylor’s as well, aren’t they?” he asked.


“Well, Brian fucks him and the kid lives here, so you’d expect him to hang some of his art, wouldn’t you?” asked Heather.


“It’s not little Justin, it’s this guy in California,” corrected Alan.


“Uh, Alan. Little Justin used to live in California. He is the Justin Taylor who painted the work in my office, the one in reception, these two and the girl drinking coffee in our kitchen.


Alan just stared at him. “I am a bit slow on the uptake, aren’t I?” he finally said. “It’s so weird. In my mind, there were three distinct Justin Taylors: little Justin, who was about seventeen, the intern from Pratt, who used to run on my treadmill, Justin Taylor, twenty-three, our new incredibly talented creative manager, who is also your lover, and this painter from California in his thirties. They just hadn’t merged yet.”


“My poor baby,” said Heather. “That wonderful compartmentalized brain of yours has its drawbacks… I only ever have heard of Justin through you, and I knew they were one and the same.”


“Your lover painted these? They are remarkable. Does he have an agent?”


“Yes. Jason Kintzer.”


Lindy smiled. “Well. He is in good hands, then.”


“Jason Kintzer? Holy fucking shit! That's fantastic! I cannot wait to meet this kid!” said Heather.


“Call him a kid one more time, and I will be happy to describe for you in very explicit details just how much of an adult Justin actually is,” said Brian with an evil smile.


“You know, that actually sounds like fun…”


“No. No it does not,” said Alan. “Please. Just don’t call him a kid anymore so I can keep Brian’s sex life as far away from my conscious thoughts as possible. I am straight, repressed, and my sexuality is very fragile.”


“That’s true,” said Heather to Brian. “If Alan had his way, we’d always fuck in the dark.”


Brian and Lindy cracked up as Alan whined, “Heaeaeaeaeatherrrr!”


The door to the loft opened, and Justin came in, accompanied by two identical buff guys in leather jackets. Lindy’s face lit up and she got to her feet and ran to them to have a three-way hug.


Brian only had eyes for Justin. He was wearing his painting clothes, some old 501's that fit like only shrink to fit 501’s can fit after you own them for five years, and some faded old hoodie, which might at one time have been purple. He hair was nice and short, the way Brian preferred it, and he was smiling looking at the reunion in front of him. Then he looked at Brian and his smiled changed from an “isn’t this nice” smile to an “I am the happiest man on earth because we have each other” smile and before Brian was even conscious of moving, they had met halfway between the door and the table and were kissing, and Brian had never wished so hard that they were alone. They both quickly pulled out of the kiss, laughing in each other’s eyes, but Brian did keep holding Justin for a long time. After a while, they all returned to the table. Justin sat on one of Brian’s knees, Heather on Alan’s, Lindy on one of her son’s, and the other one sat alone.


With the three younger men at the table, the Thai food disappeared in record time but they stayed talking around the table. One of the brothers said to Brian teasingly, “So this cute little blond with the great ass had what it took to get you to hang up the life, eh?”


Brian smiled. “That and more,” he said, and then simply, shrugging: “I love him.”


The brother’s mouths fell open, and they looked at each other, obviously communicating somehow, and smirking at each other at the end. “We think it’s great,” said the one with his mom on his knee, “and we want that for ourselves someday.”


“Someday in the far, far future," said the other and they smirked again.


Brian lost the thread of the conversation for a while. Justin was sitting on his right knee, facing right and his smaller body crossed Brian’s so that his head was on Brian left shoulder, his nose in Brian’s neck. Brian’s arms encircled his body, and Justin had just melted against him. Unlike Tuscan’s horrible chairs, Brian’s were extremely comfortable and Justin did not weigh a lot. Brian liked the position very much.


The twins were twenty-four, and smirked at the idea of settling down. Justin was twenty-three. He loved Brian. Loved him heart and soul, Brian had no doubt it would still be true twenty years from now. But the brothers had a point. He was too young to give up the life. Brian was expecting too much. He was surprised at the pain in his chest and at the constriction in his throat at that thought. He took a very deep breath. And tried to concentrate on the pleasure of holding Justin in his arms instead.


Justin kissed his neck, and moved slightly so his lips were against Brian’s ear. “I’m not them, Brian. I love you. I want you. No one else. Just you. We are two halves of a whole, predestined, made for each other, soul mates. I can’t even think of fucking anyone else. And that’s never going to change.”


Brian closed his eyes. The constriction in his throat was there again, but this time there was no pain in his chest, just an amazing feeling of joy. He tightened his hold on Justin and pulled him higher, so he could bury his face in Justin’s neck.


He was sitting there, at his own table, with a bunch of people, including some he hardly knew. He erased them from his mind and concentrated on the scent of Justin’s neck, on the feel of Justin’s body against his own and on the love he could feel flowing between the both of them. He wanted to remember this moment forever. This was the happiest he had ever been.


To be continued...

  

     

  

Chapter 20 - Making love. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Making love



After the brothers’ comment, Justin somehow felt Brian lost the thread of the continuing conversation and he noticed him taking a deep breath and releasing it in what could be considered a heavy sigh. Something they had said was bothering him.


Was it the fact that they were not ready for commitment and that he was somehow envious of their freedom? Was Brian regretting their living together, and missing the single life? Nothing in his behavior showed that. Justin knew that wasn’t it.


Ha. Of course. They were not ready to give up the life. They were too young. Justin was even younger and from that Brian would conclude that Justin wasn’t ready to give it up either, that he wanted and needed the sexual freedom given him by their boyfriend rules. Had Brian hoped, before that, that Justin might be willing to change those rules?


The rules were irrelevant to him now.


The only man he ever wanted to make love to was Brian, and he had already sworn to him that Brian would be his only top, forever. He did not desire any other. Should he tell him so? Did that sigh mean Brian didn’t know it and needed to hear it?


Justin kissed Brian's neck, and moved slightly so his lips were against his ear. “I’m not them, Brian. I love you. I want you. No one else. Just you. We are two halves of a whole, predestined, made for each other, soul mates. I can’t even think of fucking anyone else. And that’s never going to change.”


Brian pulled him up even closer against him and buried his face in Justin’s neck. Justin closed his eyes and felt himself cocooned in the love and joy emanating from Brian’s embrace. He was glad he had said something. Brian had needed to know this, to hear it stated though Justin thought he showed it to him everyday.


He own heart started beating faster. What did that mean? Was Brian also ready to give up sex with other men? He always showered first thing when he came back from a club. Was that about to change? Was there a chance that maybe in the future, Justin might be enough, and they might actually… He didn’t want to hope. It would break his heart if he thought it was coming and it did not.


He loved Brian, and was happy to be his exclusively, and was happy that it was something Brian had obviously wanted very much. He would not pressure him. Brian had habits that were deeply engrained. As he had told Justin when Brandon had offered to fuck a man he didn’t even know to “help out”: Except with him, where it was an expression of love, sex was just fucking, with absolutely no strings attached. It had never been that clear-cut with Justin, which is why he had so rarely fucked in back rooms.


He realized he had felt that way about blowjobs, that they had been just a pleasant path to physical release. It really wasn’t any different. But he had no desire for those from strangers either, nowadays, and had certainly included them in what he had just told Brian… So maybe Brian…


The feeling of Brian deliberately penetrating him without a condom surfaced in his memory. He knew it had been intentional, not like that time at Gillian’s. Brian had wanted to slide inside him raw, had wanted to feel it, had taken the time to savor it and just like Justin, he had loved it. Justin had seen it on his face, beside the guilt at risking Justin’s health, as minimal as that risk was without more fluid exchanges, without first getting Justin’s consent.


Justin wondered when the last time was Brian had had an HIV test. He, himself, certainly hadn’t had one in… forever. And since then he had fucked two of the most promiscuous men of his acquaintance: Brian and Brandon. If you considered that every time you fucked someone, risk-wise you also fucked every one they had fucked, of all three of them, he was the one with the most risk. He really should get tested again.


His mind was really going one hundred miles a minute, in all directions… And during that time his body was rejoicing, being held so lovingly by Brian. He suddenly wanted to make love with amazing intensity, and his cock hardened so fast it was almost painful. But they had guests. He needed to cool down and relax. He kissed Brian’s temple and backed away a little, turning his body slightly forward again and tried to pay attention to the conversation.


“…you know how glad we are you finally left, but what are you going to do now? Alex and I can bunk together. You can have one of the bedrooms and stay as long as you want…”


Lindy smiled at her sons. “You boys are so sweet. Do you really think your old mom hasn’t thought about and planned for this for years? I stayed, and believe me when I say I hated every day of it, for one reason only. That man loves to hear himself talk and he enjoyed pontificating to his silly wife about every step he and his bigoted cronies were going to take.


“I have been warning his opposition, mostly through Senator Cathy Edgar for years now. Didn’t you ever wonder why his efforts were always thwarted and amounted to nothing? But I have been ready to leave at the drop of a hat for a very long time. Learning about you boys, and about his threats to you was just the straw that broke the camel’s back…”


“What do you mean ready, mom?”


“I don’t want you to think too badly of me, but I am a horribly devious woman.” She giggled. “I never learned to play bridge, for example. And I hate to shop.”


“But you took bridge lessons and belonged to that club for years! You played three afternoons a week! And you shopped like an addict, at least two days a week with your girlfriends for as long as I can remember!” exclaimed Alex.


“I sent you boys away to Old Farms in Connecticut for high school for two reasons: to get you away from your dad, and to use bridge and shopping as a diversion to attend college at Stony Brook. I graduated Summa cum Laude at the end of your freshman year at Columbia, majoring in communication. I got my MBA last June, graduating the same day as Greg. I am no longer the little perfume spraying bimbo your father married.”


They all looked at her, completely stunned. Lindy Tuscan was one heck of a woman.


“As for finances, I have been building myself a nest egg for years. The only thing that belongs to me according to my pre-nuptial agreement are my clothes and my jewelry. As you know, Bob found it extremely convenient to have a wife who liked nothing better than jewelry for any gift. He never had to actually make an effort to buy me a present. He just went to Hamner and Sheffield and asked them what I had been admiring lately. He loved that people knew he spent tens of thousands of dollars for my baubles..."

 

 

“There is this small jeweler in Chinatown, who makes astonishing copies of jewelry, using vermeil instead of gold, white gold instead of platinum, and cubic zirconium and semi precious stones instead of rubies, emeralds and sapphires. He works incredibly fast. Within two weeks of receiving a “Gift” I have had it copied and I sell it back to Hamner and Sheffield at sixty cents on the dollar. My entire jewelry collection your father is so keen on bragging about is made of lovely semi and non-precious materials. The money, I have invested all these years, mostly in Apple stock…”


“But mom, your jewelry is insured for a fortune. That’s fraud!”


“Oh, honey… Don’t you think their experts would have found me out a long time ago? That big check to Atlantic Underwriters actually goes into my IRA and other investment accounts. Bob let me take care of organizing the insurance… and he never, ever read the tax returns, because our accountant, Max Hennessy is just as big a bigot as he is and has his complete trust. Hennessy actually advised me on which investments to use to decrease Bob's tax liability. He thinks Bob is both a generous husband and a prudent man, diversifying under his little woman’s name… What a prick.” She laughed.


The boys were looking at their mother as if she had just told them she was an alien from the Gamma quadrant. For so many years they had thought she was living completely under their father’s thumb…


“Since graduating, I have worked part time at the Wall Street Journal, as a fact checker during my ‘bridge’ afternoons and my ‘shopping sprees’. I really enjoy the atmosphere there. Now that I can work fulltime, I might be able to get more into the business branch. I’m looking forward to it. I go by my maiden name by the way, and I never want to use the name Tuscan again.


“I am Lindy Holmes again from now on and you boys are welcome to drop Tuscan as well if you want. On your birth certificates, you are all Tuscan-Holmes. My parents may have been poor, but they were honorable people. Considering the public spanking Bob is about to receive thanks to Brian here, you might wan to give it some thought…”


Brian, Heather and Alan looked astonished. She smiled, looking like a different woman than the one they had first seen, distracted and unhappy, when they had entered Tuscan’s pretentious home. There was a vibrancy and a humor to her and the change was amazing to witness.


Justin could only interpret the astounded expressions on all their faces, having not been there to see the woman as she had first appeared to them, but it was enough.


Heather said to Brian, “I wish I had a recording of your coming out speech. Damn, but that was funny. Uphill gardener? Where the fuck did you come up with that one?”


“I have British acquaintances,” said Brian.


“You’ve fucked some English guys, you mean. Butt pirate.” She giggled. “Ass bandit.” She giggled again. “You were brilliant. And he got paler and paler… I thought he was going to pass out. I’m really glad I was there to witness that.”


“I wish I’d been there,” said Rob. He turned to Justin. “You're not really going to med school, are you?”


“No. Sorry, guys. We didn’t want to out you if your Dad didn’t already know. We were fishing for information. We wanted to find out how you felt about him, how you would feel if your Mom found out,” explained Justin.


“All is fair in love and war, man. Plus, we got to meet Todd and Brandon,” said Alex. “They’re really cool, so it’s all good. Brandon is so hot, but the way he was with Todd, it looks like it’s going to be yet another stud off the market.”


Justin smiled. “Todd is totally worth it. He is a really neat guy. He is pretty hot himself. It’s easy to overlook him when he’s with Brandon.”


“Hey, I picked him up,” said Alex, smiling. “I just wanted to run my hand through those ringlets…”


“Uh, guys. Uptight straight guy here. Take pity.” Alan looked so ill at ease, they had to laugh.


Heather hugged him. “I am really glad you are straight, sweets. You are the one for me, uptight or not. Let’s go home so I can show you…”


It was so cute that Alan blushed bright red, though he had a pretty happy smile on his face. “I guess that's goodnight for us,” he said. “That was quite the evening…”

 

"Yes. Let’s let these two go to bed. Looks like Justin is about to fall asleep any minute,” said Lindy. “Whenever Jason gets you a show,” she added, “Let me know. I’d love to see it.”


“I have one already. I’ll send you an invitation if you’d like,” said Justin with a smile.


“I would like.” She got a small gold pen and business card out of her small purse, and wrote something on the back. “That’s the boys' address. I’m sure they’ll get it to me, and my e-mail is on my card. I’m going to have an apartment to decorate, and unlike my soon to be ex-husband, I actually have taste.”


Justin was pleasantly surprised when Brian went to get the chauffeur from their guest room where he had been watching the history channel and eating Chex-mix. “I told Mr. Bernard I would send him and his daughter an invitation to your opening, Justin,” said Brian.


“That’s great, I hope you’ll enjoy it," said Justin.


Charles had stopped to look at the portrait covered wall. “These are amazing,” he said. “That boy looks like you, Mr. Kinney.”


“It’s my son, Gus,” said Brian. “He lives with his mothers in Pittsburgh. They’ll be coming to visit pretty soon. Maybe you’ll meet them.”


They all left. Justin started cleaning up, but Brian came and took him in his arms from behind. “Please, Justin, leave it all. Jam is coming tomorrow, and I need for us to be close, to make love to each other.”


Justin put back down the plates he had been picking up and turned into Brian’s arms, loving when their lips met in the most natural way, as if it was the only way for their mouths to be, kissing their wonderful kiss, Justin sighing in the pleasure of giving himself over to Brian's demanding tongue, commanding but sweet and caressing all at once.


This was their Essengy kiss, the kiss hanging on their wall, the kiss that had caused Justin to fall in love. Justin‘s arousal grew and grew, with one of Brian’s hands behind his neck, and the other at the hollow of his back. Brian backed away, ran his hand over Justin’s jeans clad erection, and said, “I love turning you on, Justin. I love getting you hot.”


Justin smiled at him. “I want you so much. I’ve wanted you since I walked in, I need your hands, your lips on my body, I need your cock inside of it,” he said. “Do you want me too, Brian? Would you like to give me what my body craves?”


In what felt like an effortless move, Bran picked Justin up in his arms and carried him to the bed. For some reason, Justin thought that was so sexy he almost came in his pants. Brian undressed him, kissing his body as he uncovered it, teasing his nipples, dipping into his navel, suckling his weeping cock. Brian was still wearing his suit, minus his jacket which was on the back of the couch, but he divested himself in a flash.


“I love your tie,” teased Justin.


“I wanted something of yours there with me when I took that prick down. I couldn’t have done it without you.”


He was looking at Justin with eyes burning with desire, love, and anticipation. He lay down next to Justin, caressing his body from his hip to his face.


“Are you mine, Justin? Are you really mine?” Justin loved the expression on his face. It was vulnerable, as if Brian was a little scared of his own desire, of showing any kind of need, of putting himself in a position to get hurt.


Justin smiled. He would have never guessed how important it was for Brian to hear this, so important he would need to make sure Justin clearly understood what he was asking. It showed how much it meant to him, and it made Justin so happy to be able to give him the answer freely, with all his heart, without any reservation. “Yours, completely yours, only yours, forever, yes I am, Brian, I promise,” he responded.

 

 

Brian closed his eyes for a moment, smiling, as if storing the moment forever in his memory. He took a breath, and reopened them.


There was a glow of joy in the hazel eyes, a depth of love so great Justin could have fallen into that gaze and drowned. Brian kissed his mouth lightly, and again, nipping gently at his lower lip, tracing the seam with his tongue, and again, but this time unable to resist, kissing him deeply, possessively. Justin opened himself to him, giving himself over, giving him what he knew Brian needed, all of himself.


Brian left his lips for his neck, for the sensitive spot below his ear, the angle of his neck and shoulder, the shoulder itself, licking, kissing, sucking. It was so nice Justin was shivering with arousal, unable to contain approving sounds as once again his hunger for Brian started to rise.


Brian’s tongue followed the edge of his pectoral to his nipple, and sucked and licked it, switching to the other until Justin was squirming, and his hips bucking as he was looking for something to rut against. Brian followed the line bisecting his abs exploring his navel and continuing down his blond treasure trail.


Brian buried his nose in Justin’s pubic hair. There had been a time when Justin had been horribly self conscious of his scent, after a long day like today, until he had understood how much Brian liked the smell of him, how much his natural odor aroused him. He adored Brian’s own smell, his sweat, his armpit, his crotch. It was Brian, a light burnt smell and an earthy one like the ground of the forest in autumn.


He had hated Ethan’s sweat, sour and skunky. They had always showered in the evening before going to bed. Brian and he showered after making love, savoring the other through every one of their senses. Justin knew that Brian loved his smell and taste, and could happily breathe in his balls and eat his ass for hours. But tonight, he wanted to be taken, he wanted to feel Brian's possessive nature, he wanted Brian’s cock up his ass.


Justin started begging for what he wanted, what he needed. “Fuck me, Brian, fuck me please. Please, I want your cock in my ass, filling me…” Brian took his cock in his mouth and well, ok, fucking could wait a bit, especially if he continued the deep throating…

 

 

Brian sucked the precome out, and sat up to put on a condom and lube it generously.


“Do you need me to prepare you, Justin?” asked Brian.


It was sweet. Brian knew Justin could open up for him, but did not take it for granted. “I am always ready for you, Brian. My ass loves your cock, craves it, wants it. Fuck me, take me, please Brian, please, now…"


Justin was thrilled when Brian put his ankles on his shoulder. It was his favorite position. Brian went deep, and could jerk him off, or hotter, watch him jerk off, and he could see Brian’s expression as he enjoyed himself, as he came, and it was the greatest turn on.


Brian held his dick and played with Justin’s entrance, teasing him, pushing against it and retreating, driving Justin wild.


“Beg me some more,” said Brian. “Beg me for my cock…”


“Please Brian, fuck me!” Justin was losing his mind. “Please Brian, fill me, come in, fuck me, I need it, I need your cock, I need you inside. Please, I want you so bad, please…”


Brian plunged in. Justin thought he was going to come just then and there, when Brian’s cock seared its way in as deep as he could go in one push.


“Fuck,” said Justin. This was exactly what he wanted, what he needed. Brian, his hands on Justin’s thighs started to fuck him nice and deep, his body somehow reading Justin’s needs perfectly. He folded him in half, to get deeper, to brush his mouth across Justin’s.


“Mine. You are mine, Justin. Completely mine, forever. I will fuck you every day of your life. I will fuck you and suck you and rim you and jerk you off and kiss you, and hold you, because I’m crazy about you, I can never get enough of your ass, of your cock, of your scent, of your lips. I love you so fucking much.”


Brian looked so gorgeous, his muscles straining, his face enraptured, his eyes shining, his lips parted. His dick felt huge tonight, rubbing Justin’s prostate, and reaching so deep, Brian growled and accelerated his motion and it felt so fucking good Justin knew he wouldn’t be long.


“Jerk off, Justin, jerk off while I fuck you. I love watching you. You’re so hot when do it. You are so fucking hot and shameless and beautiful.”


Justin took his cock in his hand after licking his palm. It was difficult to concentrate, because Brian’s dick felt so fantastic. Watching Brian’s face he started sliding his hand from the root to the tip, squeezing the tip, giving each pull a little twist, and it felt so good he was crying out the whole time, each motion a torture as he tried not to come before Brian did.


“Brian, Brian, Brian, I can’t hold it, I’m gonna come,” he said, feeling the end of his resistance. Brian gave him a feral grin and canted his hips to hit his prostate and Justin lost it, coming all over his chest, his neck, lost in pleasure, caring about nothing but the glory of that dick in his ass and his own cock. When he came down, Brian was still fucking him hard.


“Someday, I’m going to mark you, Justin. I am going to come in your ass, and spray my seed on your silky walls deep in your heat and it will be inside you all day. And when it leaves your body, I’m going to do it again, and again, and you’ll never be without me inside you. Then you’ll truly be mine. “


His whole body was shaking, and Justin knew how close he was. He reached up and caressed Brian’s chest, and gently pinched his nipples, and Brian came, his head thrown back, with a throaty cry.


He let Justin’s legs slide down his arms, pulled out and collapsed on top of Justin, his head on Justin’s chest. Justin ran his hand through the sweaty hair. Brian chuckled. “My face is in your spunk, he said, and I don’t even care. I wish I never had to move. I didn’t hurt you, did I?”


“No, Brian. Those were not cries of pain,” joked Justin, and they both chuckled at that.


“You know what I mean, Justin. I was a little rough, I…”


“Brian. I loved it. I needed it. Stop worrying and let’s go shower, OK? Before your face is permanently glued to my chest.”


They did rinse off in the nice warm water, kissing and hugging in between soaping up. Finally, it was almost past one AM when they crawled into bed. Justin wanted to think about the things Brian had said, maybe talk some more, but the second his head hit the pillow, and Brian’s body wrapped around his, he fell deep asleep.


Justin had been having the most erotic dream, full of slippery bodies and hard cocks. It was the middle of the night, Brian and he had made love just hours ago, but he woke up with a huge boner, too nice to waste. Brian was spooning him. Justin took hold his right hand, because the left one was loosely enclosing his left wrist, and brought it to his very large, very hard erection.


Brian took hold of it. Justin wasn’t sure if he was asleep or awake, but Brian caressed it lovingly. Then he turned until he was lying on his stomach and spread his legs, and the message could not have been clearer… and Justin loved the thought. He reached for the lube and for a condom and started preparing Brian lovingly.


He ass was so tight, his inside so warm, Justin’s cock started leaking precome. Brian was ready. Justin held the condom packet in his hand and kneeled between Brain’s legs. He lined himself up and slipped in, slowly but firmly, feeling the sphincter opening deliciously at his push, the folds each opening and stretching for him, the last muscle ring tight until it gave, squeezing the head of his cock so deliciously he almost lost it and came.


Brian’s insides were incredibly warm and soft and moist, and he wanted to move and fuck him slow and deep until they both came. Instead, he slowly slipped back out, biting his lip when the inner ring squeezed him deliciously one more time. In the moonlight, Justin could see Brian’s eyes as he turned around and looked at him without a word. Justin put the condom on, added some lube to Brian’s entrance and plunged in.


He went as deep and long as he had wanted to do it raw, and though it felt like heaven, the memory of the softness and the moist heat inside Brian’s ass was there the whole time. Holding himself on his arms, he kept a slow languorous rhythm and Brian arched his back so Justin could reach deeper, and so the prominent head of his cock caressed Brian’ prostate coming and going.


Brian started to moan in pleasure with each thrust, “Justin, ah, Justin, aah, Justin…”


Justin slowed his movement to almost nothing, and said, “Swear to me that this is mine, Brian. Mine alone forever. Swear it.”


“You were the first one in fifteen years, Justin, and no one else but you will ever do this again. I swear it.”


Brian had not hesitated one second. Justin started pumping into him much harder and faster this time, his balls slapping Brian’s as he fucked him, canting his hips to nail his prostate much more firmly.


“Oh, fuck, Justin, yeah…Harder… yes… Oh, God, I love it… fuck! Harder… I’m there, I’m…” He cried out with each wave of his release, his arms around his pillow holding the fabric tight, his forehead leaning on it.


Justin pulled out, removed the condom, and only had to move his cock through his fist twice before he sprayed come all over Brian’s back and buttocks. “Mine,” he said possessively, “you’re mine…” watching the glistening come land on the warm skin, some of it flowing into the crack of Brian's ass.


Unable to resist, he licked off his own come mixed with Brian’s sweat, and chased it down his crack to his still pulsing hole. He plunged his tongue in, tasting Brian’s flavor through the lube and the latex, earthy, nutty, delicious. He kept tongue fucking him and reached between Brian’s body and the sheets for Brian’s cock. It was hard already and Brian came up on his knees for him, his hole and cock much more accessible.


“Fuck, Justin, this is so good…so good… Take what you want, it’s yours, all yours. I love you, I love it, someday you’ll be sucking your come right out of there…”


The idea was so amazing, Justin’s cock was hard again in seconds. Oh, God, coming inside Brian, naked, and having his own come ooze out… He got another condom, lubed it and was back in Brian’s ass in seconds, crying out at the pleasure of just sinking in. His orgasm was right there, and he chased it with a few hard thrusts, coming deep in Brian's ass, thinking of sucking his come right out of him someday, his lips around the pulsing hole, his tongue inside the softness…


He pulled out much more gently than he had gone in, flipped Brian over and swallowed his cock to the root, giving him the head Brian liked, not for speed, not to tease, but to give him a maximum of pleasure. He made it last, loving Brian’s hands in his hair, his moans, his words of love, and finally the deep contraction of his muscles as Brian’s come flooded his mouth. He swallowed every drop, and came up to his side.


Brian looked at him with a grin, “That was hot,” he said.

 

 

Justin smiled back. “I’m in love with you,” he confessed, and they both laughed.


They got up and showered, soaping each other. Once they were rinsed, Brian drew Justin to him and kissed him. It was sweet, soft and tender, and Justin’s heart swelled in his chest. Brian held him tight under the hot water for a very long time, Justin’s head on his chest, hearing the slow thumping of Brian’s heart, loving the occasional kisses Brian dropped on his wet hair.


When they went back into the bedroom, the alarm was going off. As they got dressed, Brian kept grabbing Justin and kissing him. Justin wore his blue shirt, the one Brian had bought him when they went shopping together, and picked the matching tie off the floor. He wanted to wear the tie that took down Tuscan. Brian smiled at him, and tied it for him, breathing in the Justin fresh out the shower scent, and Justin gave him a peck on the lips to thank him, both of them smiling the whole time.


Justin knew he was going to crash at some point. They must have gotten three hours of sleep at the most, but then he remembered his Thursday afternoon class was finished. He had Thursday open until next quarter. If worst came to worse he could come home and crash.


To be continued…

 

 

Chapter 21 - Making love - Part 2. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Making love - Part 2


As they were eating breakfast, Brian recounted the dinner in detail. Justin really wished he could have witnessed it himself. He had not met Heather before, but after last night, and the pink champagne story, he understood why everyone always considered her Alan’s greatest asset.


On the way to work, Brian got a triple espresso, and Justin a double shot latte. He needed the caffeine, but didn’t need the shakes. They also had the cab stop at the corner newsagent, and bought all the newspapers whose reporters Paul had spoken with the night before. All of them mentioned the Tuscan scandal on page one, and the story itself was on page one or three.


Paul looked great: responsible, concerned, upset to have to expose one of his clients. Plexus came out looking very well, and the blame was placed squarely on Tuscan himself, thanks to the extremely well documented communication between Brian and Tuscan Enterprise’s CEO.


The New York Times was starting an investigation regarding the real reason for Tuscan to have hidden the side effect because, just like Brian, they knew he would never have put the drug on the market. Paul had hinted that Plexus suspected more, but that without proof, they couldn’t say. He had done a fantastic job.


Justin stopped the cab again three blocks from Plexus and got out. “Adam and I are done with the opera thief’s storylines and boards. I think we will be showing them to you before lunch,” he said.


“Do you like them?” asked Brian.


“Love them. But it’s your idea. You should make sure you got what you wanted. Everything can still be changed at this point. You know you don’t ever have to worry about hurting my feelings or anything like that, right?” The last thing he wanted was for Brian to start treating him differently that anyone else at work.


“Don’t worry, Justin. If I don’t like something, you’ll know about it…Work is work.” He smiled at Justin.


Justin smiled back. It was early still, so he did not have to hurry. He thought back to their lovemaking, and what he had told Brian. Did he regret making such a commitment? He smiled. No. It had been a commitment of the heart long before it was a promise to Brian. He had not looked at another man that way in a long time now. Even Brandon. Brandon was his beautiful friend, and ex-lover. He had no desire to rekindle that flame.


They had both been dancing around the issue of making love without a condom. Justin had taken the same liberty as Brian had, penetrating him without one. He had done it to let Brian know that he was aware that that last time had been deliberate, to let him know that he wanted it as well, and to feel what it would be like from the top’s point of view. It had been… Suddenly he felt a shiver down his back. What the fuck had he been thinking?


Just a few hours before he had been telling himself he really should be tested again for HIV, and then he had entered Brian without protection? Oh God. What if he was positive? What if Brandon was, or the couple of guys he’d fuck in back rooms? What if he’d infected Brian? Oh God, oh God… He broke out in cold sweat. How could he have done something so stupid, so fucking stupid? He had been leaking precome already when he went in. And Brian was so tight, there had to have been some tearing, even if it was microscopic, it was enough. Justin was horrified, sick to his stomach. His legs felt like Jello.


He’d made it to Plexus. He walked in and went to Sarah’s desk. “Hi, Sarah, hey, you wouldn’t know if there is a Doc in a Box around here, would you? I’m feeling really crummy. Food poisoning I hope, but…”


“Oh, Justin, you do look awfully pale. There is a clinic just two blocks from here. I think they open at 7:30, though, so you might be early, but that way you’ll be first in line.”


She got on the computer, and printed a map. “I’m sure you don’t need it but I’m terrible with directions. If you want I can call Mr. Rosen and let him know you’ll be a little later than usual.”


Justin was looking at the map in his hand. Easy, it was only maybe ten minutes away, but Sarah had a point about being first in line. “Sarah, that would be super kind of you, I’d really appreciate it. Tell him I’ll be there at eight at the latest, OK?”


She smiled. “No problem. Go ahead. I’ll see you later.”


Justin stepped back outside and made his way to the clinic. The doors were locked, but he could see people inside already, getting ready for the day. By the time the doors opened, there were three people in line behind him. He went to the reception.


“I need an HIV test,” he said.


“Eliza or rapid result?” she asked.


“What’s the difference?”


“If you have a positive result with the rapid result, you have to confirm it with an Eliza. If it’s negative, it’s negative. Eliza takes a couple of days. Rapid result takes about ten minutes.”


“Oh, my god. Definitely rapid result.”


“Good choice. We offer those for free.” She smiled. “Carlos will take care of you.” She buzzed someone and said, “Next?”


Justin just stood there, not sure where to go, when someone whose name could only be Carlos came and smiled at him.


“Rapid result HIV?”


“Yes.”


“This way.”


Carlos was obviously gay. He was small, 5’7” maybe, but really, really cute, with dark complexion and a dimply smile, and a very nice ass.


“You look scared,” he said. “You know, even if you had unprotected sex with an HIV positive man, you will not necessarily be seropositive, and you might not seroconvert for three months…”


“I didn’t. I’ve never had sex without a condom, but yesterday… I entered my boyfriend without a condom. I pulled back out, and put a condom on, but I was leaking precome, and I haven’t been tested in over a year, and I suddenly realized I could have contaminated him if I’m positive. I’m sick about it. It was so stupid.”


Carlos nodded. “Here is what we'll do. We only need one test, but you’re freaked out so we’ll do two, OK? We’ll do the Oraquick, and the Reveal G2. We’ll start with the Oraquick, it takes a little longer to develop, and do the reveal. By the time we get the result for the reveal, we’ll also have the result of the Oraquick, and I’m sure they’ll both be negative.”


“From your mouth to God’s ear,” said Justin, using one of Daphne’s grandmother’s expressions, and wondering why it had come to him so naturally.


Carlos smiled, and took a weird paddle looking implement out of a foil packet. “Open wide,” he said. He took a scraping inside Justin’s cheek, and put the paddle in a tube of solution. He started a kitchen timer. “All right,” he said. “One down. Roll your sleeve up. I need some blood.”

 

 

Somehow, that made Justin feel better. The first one just seemed too easy. Stupid, really, but there you have it. Carlos took a vial of blood and put it in a centrifuge for a couple of minutes. When it came out, it had separated into a dark red clump and a yellow liquid. He poured some of the yellow liquid in a small boxlike thing he had taken out of a foil packet as well.


“Now we wait three minutes,” he said.


“”Three minutes and we’ll know?” asked Justin thinking this was too good to be true.


“Yes. Three minutes and we’ll know. You said you have a boyfriend. Have you had sex with anyone but him lately?”


“Not since Christmas.”


“And you guys always use condoms?”


“Yes. Always.”


“Do you know when he was tested last?”


“No, I have no idea.”


“Has he had sex with other people?”


“I’m not sure.”


“Seems to me you two should talk. You should find out when his last test was, and if he had sex with anyone else but you since. If he has not, and is confirmed negative, a month from now, you should come back and we can run the tests again and then there will be no question about you being negative. If he is having sex with others, even if he is negative, you’ll never be 100% sure, because he can seroconvert up to three months after contamination. Does it make sense?”


“Yes. Thanks.”


Carlos emptied the box on a wad of gauze, and read the results. “Negative,” he said. Just then, the kitchen timer dinged. He took the paddle out of the liquid and read that. “Negative,” he said. He grabbed Justin’s hand. “Your spit has no virus. Your blood has no virus. It means your precome has no virus. And that means you could not have infected your boyfriend. You’re all right. He’s all right. Everything is all right.”


Justin felt relief overwhelm him, and he couldn’t help the tears that came with the constriction in his throat. Next thing he new, he was sobbing on the smaller man’s shoulder. Carlos was rubbing circles on his back. “Thank you, thank you…” he mumbled.


“You’ve been smart up until now, always using a condom. Keep it up. Don’t play Russian roulette, even with your boyfriend. If you guys want to go bareback, do it right, by the rules, and you’ll be fine. You really love him, eh?” He handed Justin a kleenex.


“More than anything. I… I do. I love him more than anything.” Justin wiped his eyes and blew his nose.


Carlos smiled at him. “He is a very lucky man. We should all be so lucky to be loved this much. Come on. Smile. Life is good.” He chuckled. “Go and sin no more…”


Justin got up to leave. “I’m sorry I…” He gestured to the kleenex in his hand.


“I spend my day giving people either wonderful news, or the worst news they will ever hear. Believe me. People like you make my day.” He handed Justin a form he had just printed. It showed the tests' names, the results, the date, and his signature. Justin folded it and put it in his pocket.

 

 

“Bye, Carlos."

 

 

“Bye.”


On the way back to Plexus, Justin felt incredibly lucky. Yes, he had always been careful, but one stupid, selfish act could have had such awful consequences. He had not been angry when Brian had done the same thing to him, and he still wasn’t because he had no idea what Brian’s situation really was. But as Carlos had said, they should not be playing Russian roulette. He would make sure of that.


He had passed the flower seller, and came back, buying a small tight bouquet with pink roses, pink tulips and baby’s breath. This guy’s flowers were always so nice.


Walking once more, he thought back to the other ways in which the night had been out of character for him. Making Brian swear that Justin would be his only top, for example. It had not so much come out of any possessive urge Justin might have felt. He knew for a fact that Brian would not let anyone top him other than himself, just like Brandon would not trust his ass to anyone but Todd. They both hated bottoming with anyone else.


But Brian had asked that promise from him. It had been his attempt to let Brian know that he would really like it if their relationship were exclusive. It was so stupid. Why could he not ask for what he wanted? Why go through this charade?


He admitted the truth to himself. He simply could not handle asking and being told “no”. It would hurt so much. He thought about pulling out of Brian, and spraying come all over him, thinking , “Mine, you are mine.” Such wishful thinking. He suddenly stopped walking. Oh dear God. Had he said it aloud? He tried to remember. Well, if he had, Brian had apparently not minded.


Brian had brought up not using a condom anymore in the future several times last night. Did he mean in the far future? Did he mean as soon as possible? He had Justin’s promise not to have sex with anyone else. So now how soon they could have naked sex depended entirely on Brian and what he wanted to do.


Justin knew it was clear to both of them that there would not be condom-less sex between them while there was still sex with others. The risks were not great, but still too great by far. He shivered with a flash of what might have been, and took a deep breath. Everything was all right, thank god. But it had been too close for comfort. He needed to make it clear to Brian that there would be no more games. He’d arrived at the door. He could not believe he had made it back to Plexus already.


“You OK, Justin?” asked Sarah.


“Yes. I’m fine. It must have been something I ate. I feel 100% better.”


She smiled. She was really sweet, even if she wasn’t all that bright. She was always ready to give someone a hand.


Justin gave her the small bouquet. “I thought you might like a little bit of early spring. I was really not feeling good earlier. You don’t know how much it meant that you were so willing to help. I’m pretty sure medical referrals are not part of your job. So this is to say thank you, Sarah, and let you know I appreciate your kindness.”


“Oh, my God! The only person who ever gave me flowers was my Dad! And they are so pretty! Justin, I don’t know what to say… And you’re gay and everything. You’re not even doing it to get anything, but you really think I’m nice. That’s… That’s just super.” She giggled, embarrassed at her long speech, and he had to laugh.


“See you later, Sarah.”


“Bye, Justin.”


Justin made it to the Art Department at 7:55. How Plexus had brought down Tuscan was on everyone’s lips. Somehow they all knew Brian had instigated the entire thing, and they took some amount of personal pride at the fact that their “Asshole” had washed the floor with Tuscan. Justin was always amused by the dichotomy of the members of the Art Department’s feelings towards his lover.


Julie was also singing Brian’s praises this morning, because he had finally found an angle she could work with that the rep from Parchment had accepted. Generally a very good day for Brian…


At eleven, Adam came and got Justin and the storyboards for the Moebius Electronic campaign. Each storyboard was amazingly detailed, even more so than normal because Justin had had such a thorough visual of every small detail. They had pictures of the actors they had chosen for the roles of the Italian mason and the music teacher, with a couple of other choices for each, if Brian did not like them.


Adam had laughed when Justin had added the sample of materials for the corduroy pants, the theater seats, and even the music teacher’s cashmere sweater, but he’d had to admit the once the boards were finished it looked fantastic, the colors somehow deepening the emotional impact.


If they got Kinney’s approval, they would start filming the next day. They had found the perfect location for the opera scene, in some old theater, which would be computer enhanced. And for the staircase scene, it turned out that the Maritime museum had a staircase like the one they needed, except the busts were those of famous sailors. They would replace the busts for filming, and add a crystal chandelier and some gold accent digitally.


Adam did the bulk of the presentation, explaining the angles, the lighting, the change of focal depth and so on. Brian seemed to be completely at ease with all the technical aspects, and asked a couple of questions. Then they spoke of the choice of actors. Brian approved. Then finally they got to the details of the scene. Justin had a turn at dissecting his choices. It was interesting trying to explain gut feelings. Overall it went very well, and Brian approved the beginning of filming.


Justin and Adam were leaving when Brian called him back, wanting to talk about Montrose Linens. Justin knew that was bullshit since it was Julie’s project, but of course stayed behind.


Brian got up and walked to him, putting his hand on his cheek. “How are you holding up?” he asked, and for a second Justin thought he knew about his crisis of conscience that morning. Then he realized Brian was only concerned because he’d gotten so little sleep.


“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I don’t have classes this afternoon. I was going to paint, but if I crash, I’ll just go home.”


Brian moved closer, and backed away, moved closer again and then kissed him, as if he’d been trying hard not to but just gave up and stopped resisting. Of course after a minute, one of Brian’s hands was behind his neck, the other at the hollow of his back and their bodies were pressed against each other.


Justin was getting aroused fast, the memory of the night before and his ambivalence about some of the things that had happened somehow increasing his need to be close.


“Oh, my God, Justin,” said Brian, “it’s ridiculous but I want to fuck you, right here, right now…”


“Do it. I want it too,” said Justin, feeling amazingly emotionally needy. “So much you have no idea. Please do it, please…”


“Fuck,” said Brian, looking towards the door. “Fuck it. Bend over my desk.” He went to lock his office.


Justin pushed his pants and underwear down to the top of his boots, and bent over the desk, his cock leaking precome as if it were on sale.


“Oh, Justin…your ass is so beautiful.” Justin could hear the ripping sound of the condom packet. “Your hole,” Brian was putting lube there, “your hole is so innocent looking, a pink little folded star, just waiting to open for me, and it’s the fucking gate to heaven. Oh fuck, Justin, I’m coming in, I can’t wait, please say you’re ready, please…”


“Fuck me, Brian, fuck me.” Justin’s heart was beating hard. He needed Brian’s love right now, needed to feel it.


The head of Brian’s cock had been at his entrance, and as soon as he gave the OK, he was breached and Brian pushed forward and pulled back, again and again until he was fully seated. It felt so good, Justin had needed this so much.


“Justin, Justin,” and Brian started fucking him, not as Justin had expected, hard and fast, but on the contrary, slow, and deep, running loving hands on his back, on his buttocks, massaging his shoulders. He reached a hand slicked with lube around Justin’s body and started jerking him off lovingly, doing that thing he did even better than Justin himself, pressing the ridge of the head of his cock with his fingers and driving him crazy.


“I love fucking you, Justin. I think about it all the time. I used to think about fucking all the time, but now it’s all about fucking you. What I’m going to do to you next, how I am going to take you, where and when. I love your body, I love your ass, god, I love your ass…” He covered Justin’s body with his and whispered in his ear, chuckling, “Aren’t you scared, Justin? It used to take two or three guys a day to keep me satisfied, and now it’s all up to you…”


Justin was high on the sensations of Brian’s deep and slow fuck, of his cock loving the hand job. He was in that space where it felt so incredibly good but had not yet reached the sudden urge for completion you got when you got close to climax, that window in time where you thought you could keep at it forever, in perfect bliss. It was also a time when one did not control one’s thoughts or one’s speech as much as one usually did.


“I love when you fuck me, Brian. God, this is so good, don’t stop…I love it. You can fuck me anytime, anywhere. I’m always hot for you. I’ll suck you anytime. I love you in my mouth, down my throat. You can fuck me against the wall in a back room, on my hands and knees in the lounge, anyway you want in the orgy room. I can give you what you need. I’m not scared.” The pleasure was building, threatening to take him away.


“You feel so fucking good, Justin, so fucking good, so tight, so soft, so welcoming”


“Don’t stop, Brian, don’t stop, it’s so good, it feels so… fuck, I’m getting close, I love it, Brian, I love your cock in me, please, Brian, fuck me and no one else.” He had to shut up. Brian changed angle and it felt so, so good… “Please, don’t give this to anyone else, Brian, it’s mine… I’m not scared, whatever you need, I can give to you…” He bit his lip to stop the words he knew he would regret when Brian said no, not yet, I need more, you can’t replace two or three guys, and even as his orgasm took him, he already felt ashamed for what he’d said, of his stupid desire for exclusivity.

 

 

He felt Brian’s release follow his, and loved knowing he had pleased him, that he could please him. At the same time, he felt so pathetic, he just wanted to cry. How could he ever be enough for this man? He was just some blond little twink with a good ass.


He felt so tired all of a sudden, so emotionally rung out, so fucking discouraged. Brian pulled out of him and he started to cry, the loneliness unbearable. He was so childish, with his hopes and dreams. He was lucky to even be part of Brian’s life. Brian was pulling up his underwear and pants for him. He couldn’t even do that for himself.


Brian helped him stand, and did not look surprised at his tear covered face. He took him to his couch, and sat the way they always had in the taxi cab. “Justin, Sunshine, don’t worry. You’re tired… You’re more than tired, you’re exhausted. We need to find a compromise so you get enough sleep, love, and time to exercise. Your body is crashing, and not just because of last night, but because you have been barely getting by for over a month.”


Brian pulled Justin closer and turned him a little, so that Justin’s cheek was against his heart, and he caressed his face. Justin was still crying. He felt so ridiculous, but he loved the way Brian was holding him and touching him.


Brian got his phone out of his pocket, and dialed. “Cynthia, I need you to cancel my afternoon… I know… Yes… No… Some things are more important… Yes. Exactly… Thanks.”


Brian said, ”I know what you’re thinking, Justin. You feel guilty because I just freed up time to be with you from my busy work schedule, and you’re afraid I am going to be upset about it, resent it. Nothing could be further from the truth. Even though you’re tired, and I should really wait until you’ve had some sleep to lay this on you, there are a couple of things I want to say. I’ll say them again after you’ve rested, I promise, but I think you need to hear them now.” He pushed Justin’s hair back on his forehead, and smiled at him.


“I love you, Justin. Yes, the sex between us is amazing, but this has nothing to do with sex. I love you. I care about you. You, not my clients, not my work, not sex, you are the single most important thing in my life. Your happiness, your well being matter more than anything. I have been keeping some things from you, because I wanted to have a big reveal at some point in about a month. I’ve been hanging onto that notion, and it was stupid, because I knew it was on your mind. I’m sorry, Sunshine.” He kissed Justin’s forehead.


“That guy I can’t even remember, the one I fucked in the back room of Babylon when I went there with Brandon? That was the last trick, Justin. I have not fucked anyone, or had anyone suck me, or even had a hand job from anyone since. When I go to clubs, I jerk off watching the action, and it’s nice, but it just makes me want to come home and fuck you.


“And I never want to fuck anyone but you ever again. You are all I need, all I ever want. And even if something happened, and you and I could no longer fuck, I still wouldn’t want anyone else. I. Love. You.”


Justin was stunned. Brian… Brian was giving up the life he had loved for fifteen years, out of love for him. Not because Justin had asked, but because Brian wanted to, because Brian loved him.


“I got an HIV test in Pittsburgh, and one every month since, and I am negative. Even though I'm negative, I should never have entered you without a condom like I did the other night. That was really fucked up and I promise not to do it again. I know you did the same and I’m not upset, because I’m the one that started this stupid game, but until we both have not fucked anyone else in the past three months and both have gotten a negative test, we need to stop that shit.”


That would be in one month. Only one short month to go and…


Brian sighed. “I have been wanting to know, Justin, but our rules were clear that you were free to do whatever you wanted, and I… I was afraid to find out. But, screw the rules. I really want to know. When… When was the last time you fucked someone… other than me?”


“Brandon. Before Christmas.” said Justin, amazed Brian had felt about it the way he had, hoping but not saying anything.


Brian laughed in relief. “Justin, oh, Justin, that makes me so happy.” He hid his face in his hands. “I’ve become such a lesbian.” He laughed again, and Justin could not help but join him.


“When was the last time you had an HIV test?” asked Brian. Justin got the paper out of his pocket, and handed it to him. “Today? Why today?”


“I couldn’t believe I’d entered you without a condom. It was so stupid, and dangerous, and careless, and… I hadn’t been tested in forever. I had fucked Brandon for god’s sakes, that’s half of Pittsburgh’s gay population. I couldn’t believe I put you at risk. If I’d been positive… God, I don’t even want to think about it. There was no excuse. I’m so sorry. The guy at the clinic said no virus in the saliva, no virus in the blood means no virus in the precome, so you’re safe. I just hope you can forgive me.” He couldn’t stop another flood of tears.


“Justin, I did the same thing to you…” said Brian wiping his eyes.


“No you didn’t. You’d just been tested. I’m not saying it was smart, or OK, but it was definitely not the same thing…”


“OK. I was stupid, selfish and careless, you were stupider, more selfish and more careless. Now I forgive you, you can forgive me and yourself, and we can both thank god there was no harm done. And we can put it to rest. What do you say?”


“I love you,” said Justin. He was so lucky. He had just been given all he ever wanted. “I love you so much.”


Brian smiled. “I am so fucking lucky. Let’s go home, OK? We can go to bed, and I’ll hold you until you fall asleep. Then I’ll make myself comfortable and work on my laptop until I’m tired too, and I’ll curl up around you and sleep until morning.”


“That sounds really good. I am so tired.”


Brian kissed his lips, his nose, his forehead. “Let’s go,” he said.


He made a quick call to the catering place not far from their house, and after Justin made his choice, ordered a roast beef sandwich, a turkey sandwich, Mac and Cheese, a Salad for two with dressing on the side and heaps of steamed vegetables. They picked everything up on the way home.


At the loft, they both stripped out of their work clothes down to their underwear and undershirts, put on sweats, and had their meal. The prospect of sleeping for as long as he wanted felt like a miracle to Justin, and the knowledge that the man sitting next to him was his lover in every possible way had lightened his heart unexpectedly.


When he had thought Brian had sex regularly with others when he went out on his own, he had accepted it, and had refused to dwell on it. Now he realized how much the thought had weighed him down, how deeply unhappy it had made him. He knew it would have been just sex, and would have meant nothing, and he was embarrassed, really, not to be the free spirit he had hoped to be.


No one but him would ever make Brian come again. No one would swallow Brian’s come but him, no one would share with him the pleasure Brian had to give. It was all his. And he loved it.


They had eaten quietly, mostly because Justin had been ravenous, and had concentrated on his food. At one point he had looked up to find Brian watching him, smiling at his enthusiasm for the meal. “I was really hungry,” he explained, rather unnecessarily, since there was absolutely nothing left. He’d even eaten what he thought was turnip in the steamed vegetables though it was not very good.


Brian had eaten his sandwich, a few steamed vegetables and some salad without dressing. He was peeling a Granny Smith, and passed a quarter of it, peeled and cored, to Justin. “Dessert,” he said, giving him another, when Justin made quick work of the first, then another and then finally the last quarter.


“I ate your apple,” said Justin, smiling.


“It was for you,” replied Brian, smiling as well.


“It was really good.”


“That’s because there was love in it.”


They both burst out laughing. It took only a couple of minutes for everything to find its way either to the compactor or to the dishwasher. They went to the bathroom, flossed and brushed and peed and undressed, Brian brought some pillows and his laptop for later and closed the electric blinds Justin had not even known existed.


Justin lay down with a sigh of relief, as Brian spooned him. He felt very, very good. He looked at the clock. It was 2:30pm.

 

Chapter 22 - Making love - Part 3. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Making love - Part 3



He woke up in the same position, a very slick cock sliding slowly into his ass, and a hand wrapped lovingly around his cock. The clock said 5:30am. Brian must have turned off the alarm. This was the way to wake up… Brian was nibbling at his neck and shoulder, holding him tight against his chest as he started to move in and out.


“Good morning, Sunshine.”


“Hummmm,” said Justin. “Good morning. Real good…” He rolled onto his stomach, taking Brian with him, and slid his knees up. He took his own cock in his fist, and Brian was free to straighten up, grab his hips and fuck him like he meant it. Oh, yeah. That felt really, really good.


Justin loved Brian’s quiet grunts. He had become very vocal in bed of late, and that was an amazing turn on but the return to the original was lovely too. Justin knew that if he looked, he would find Brian with his lips rolled in to contain his sounds of pleasure. He smiled to himself and started to move in counterpoint to Brian, tightening his sphincter as much as he could.


“Oh, fuck, Sunshine, oh god, so fucking good…So tight… So hot… You’re so beautiful…I’m…Oh fuck… Sweet…so sweet…mine… all mine…I…” and Justin felt the pulses of Brian’s orgasm deep inside him. He loved making him lose control. His own orgasm wasn’t far behind, and he wanted to come while Brian was still inside him, but it was Brian’s turn to have his way. He slipped out of Justin, flipped him over and swallowed him whole.


There had been a time when Justin could keep his thinking straight when Brian gave him head, though it had always been very good, but Brian had since learned Justin by heart, and when he wanted to, and apparently this morning he did, he could inundate Justin with sensations to the point where Justin not only couldn’t tell up from down, but didn’t care about it at all, as long as the pleasure didn’t stop.


By the time Justin flooded Brian’s mouth with his seed, he just panted and keened, having lost the power of speech along the way. Afterward, he just lay there in the afterglow, all upper brain function on pause, just basking in pleasure and satisfaction.


Brian captured his attention by pushing aside the sweaty hair of his forehead, and smiling at him in a rather self-satisfied way. “Good boy,” he said, chuckling.


Justin, neurons reconnecting, cracked up. “Asshole,” he answered.


They grinned at each other. Justin felt fantastic, like himself again. “Brian,” he said, “I think you’re right. Until I moved in with you, I got seven or eight hours of sleep a night, six at the very minimum, and I danced or ran at least every other day. You may be an old man, but I can’t keep up with you…” There he had to stop since Brian tickled him until Justin admitted Brian was young and beautiful. “You eat nothing and can sleep four hours a night for days and not be the worse for it. I just can’t. I love going out, but I still need to sleep.”

 

 

Justin thought about how he used his extra hour everyday. He didn’t need to get to Pratt so early. “I’m going to ask Alan if I can start using his treadmill again when he goes to lunch. And I’m only going to go out on Thursday nights, since I can sleep in a bit on Fridays, and at the weekend. Otherwise, I’m going to be the dullest boyfriend on the planet and go to bed by ten.” He smiled. “You can always fuck me before you go out…”


Brian smiled as well. “You know, Justin, I didn’t go out every night before I met you. I usually stayed home Sunday night, talking to Mikey, and at least a couple other nights to work, or watch TV, or whatever. I love working in bed, like last night, with you sleeping at my side, like a Secton commercial. I like your plan. But we don’t have to have some rigid schedule. I seem to remember a Friday night not long ago when we stayed home with a couple of friends, and that was very nice. Now, if we don’t start moving, we are going to be ridiculously late…”


Justin looked at the clock. 6:10. “Oh, fuck!” They ran to the shower, keeping the make out under the hot water to a bare minimum with difficulty, and saving time by having Justin blow Brian while he shaved instead of in the shower as would have been both their first inclinations. Brian found shaving quite challenging, but very enjoyable. He was not quite done, having stopped for a few minutes, when Justin stood up, licking his lips, happy as a lark.


“Brian, I really, really love your cock,” he said, meaning it, kissing the tip of Brian's nose before going to get dressed. He put on his mauve shirt. It made his eyes look amazingly blue. He was about to put on the silk light grey tie with thin green stripes that went with it when he opened Brian’s closet and looked at his impressive collection.


There was one with cream, purple and pale gold stripes that would look beautiful with the mauve. Hm. Armani. What the hell. Justin took the tie and put it on, tying it perfectly. It looked spectacular, the pale gold matching his hair. He put on his pants and socks. Brian came out of the bathroom, closely shaven, his hair perfectly disarranged, smelling of Decleor lotion.


He took one look at Justin and smiled. “That’s gorgeous,” he said. “I’m wearing my grey Armani and my pink shirt. Pick one for me?”


Justin smiled. Brian had impeccable taste in clothes. He was the last person to need help picking a tie, but Justin didn’t mind. He found a whimsical one with sober stripes, and flowers, he looked at the designer. Leonard, Paris. It was gorgeous on its own, a piece of art, really. He handed it to Brian who smiled.


“Trust an artist's eye,” he said. “That’s the most expensive tie I own. I think it’s gorgeous, but I’ve never had the guts to wear it. I guess today is the day. He tied it with an ease that Justin, who still had to retie his about half the time envied. When he put on his jacket, it looked really stunning.


“I should have worn it a long time ago. It looks fabulous.” He turned to Justin. “Thanks, Sunshine.”


As they left the loft, both their cell phones rang. It was Todd and Brandon. They had read the piece in the paper, had talked to Rob and Alex, and wanted to go out to celebrate since Brandon was in town for Jessica’s birthday party the next day. Brian and Justin got into their cab, and Brian said to Todd, “Let me talk to Justin. I’ll call you back in five.” As Justin told Brandon, “I’ll call you back in a few minutes. I want to check something with Brian.”


“Those two are so goofy,” said Justin with a big grin.


Brian smiled in agreement. “If we are going to celebrate, I think we should call Steven and Scott to join us, what do you think?”


“Yes, definitely. I’m not sure if Essengy is their scene anymore though.”


“Well, I was thinking we should go somewhere where we can talk without having to scream, like the pool bar at Gillian’s. Then, everybody can choose to do what they want. The twins can pick up some tricks in the dance club, the docs can have a nice dinner, and you and I can … play pool all night.”


Justin grinned. “I like playing pool. We could play ‘The winner tops in the orgy room’.” He added, “It’s a great idea, but it’s going to cost you a lot of money.”


“Luckily, I’m not Tuscan,” said Brian with an evil grin. “I have some to spare…”


They dialed their friends back. “How does Gillian’s sound, Brandon?”


“Hm… I’ve never been there, but I hear it’s quite the place.”


“Yes. We were thinking of playing pool at the bar for a while there. We are going to call the docs who helped us out with Tuscan. They’re really nice. And later, we figure Gillian’s has something for everyone. The dance club for the twins, the restaurant for the Docs, and the workout room for you. Unless you’d rather play darts…”


“The black towel means no guests, right?”


“Right.”


“I find I am quite possessive of my curly headed boyfriend. Quite enthralled with him, really. A rapidly growing situation. I am seriously falling for him, actually. Hard. All of a sudden, he is the standard to which all others fall short, you know?”


“Brandon?”


“Yeah?”


“I love you. Always will. There is one perfect night I will never forget. But I am madly, deeply, crazy in love with Brian. And if you find yourself feeling that way about Todd, I cannot tell you how happy that makes me.”


“… Exactly.”


“He is the second luckiest man on earth, then. May be you should tell him, some time.”


“All right, see you tonight, then.” Justin grinned. He would have known Brian had hung up from talking to Todd even if he hadn’t been in a taxi with him. He hung up as well.


“Todd said they’ll call the twins, and they will meet us there at nine. Why don’t you call Scott, I’ll call Steven.”


“I hope they’re not on call or whatever doctorly things doctors do on the weekend,” said Justin.


“Doctorly is not a word, Justin,” said Brian, dialing. “Now, doctorious, on the other hand…”


Justin guffawed just as Scott answered, “Scott Hendricks,” so he added, “well whoever you are, at least you’re having a good morning…”


“Sorry, Scott. Brian made me laugh. It is your young and evil friend Justin.”


“Justin! We kicked the evil bastard’s ass, did we not?”


“And we want to celebrate with the other folks who helped us out. What are you guys doing tonight? Any Doctorious duties?”


“Doctorious is not a word, Justin. Doctoresque, on the other hand…” Scott chuckled. “Sorry. No, as far as I know, we are free as air tonight.”


“We’d like to meet at a pool bar called Gillian’s at 9:00. We’ll be there a little before because it’s a private club and you can’t go in without a member. If for whatever reason we are running late, just wait, we’ll be right there. There will be four other people. A set of twins, Rob and Alex, Tuscan’s boys, actually. Also the guy from the Clearlife commercial, Brandon, and his boyfriend Todd. After we hang and play pool for a while, there are other things to do at the club. There is a really good restaurant, a dance club, and an orgy room, and as a guest, you can enjoy it all for free.”


“Uh.. Justin? Did you say Orgy room?”


“Yes I did. You take your clothes off in the locker room, and it’s a large space with lots of beds, low light and sexy music, and people fucking everywhere. You can join in the action, or watch, or jerk off, or start your own action on one of the beds, and let others join in or not. It’s a very …stimulating environment. Condoms are required though. Still. I think it’s worth a visit.”


“Jesus!”


“No. Justin. It’s ok. Lots of people make that mistake…”


“Do you guys…Do you guys go in there?”


“Yes. But we are exclusive. We don’t join in or let anyone join us. We just like the atmosphere…”


“Shit!”


“What’s wrong?”


“Uh… I was playing with my stapler as we were talking and I inadvertently put one in my thumb. I’m OK. It didn’t go deep or anything. So. 9:00pm outside of Gillian’s. What’s the address?”


Justin gave it to him and hung up, chuckling. Brian had a similarly amused look on his face.


“You told Steven about the orgy room, didn’t you?” asked Justin.


“I did.” He grinned at Justin. “You told Scott, didn’t you?”


“He put a staple in his thumb,” said Justin.


“Steven spilled his coffee all over his files…”


They laughed like the evil creatures they were.


“You look really happy this morning, Sunshine,” said Brian, looking quite happy himself.

 

 

Justin hesitated for a second, and then threw caution to the wind. He looked at Brian and smiled. “I am the happiest I have ever been,” he said, and that was the absolute truth.


Brian looked away for a second, and looked back at him. “I thought these exact words, the night before last, when you said… what you said to me. And it’s true again today.”


Justin laced their fingers together, and decided the lesbianic moment better end before they ended up fucking in the cab.


“And,” he said, “I am also really happy for Brandon and Todd. Brandon is falling for Todd, in a big way, and I know Todd has been mad about him since day one. They are so brilliant together.”


Brian smiled. “Todd is a wonderful man. Brandon is lucky.”

 

 

Paying attention to where they were, Justin realized they were only a block away from Plexus. He knocked on the window, gave Brian one last smile and continued on foot. He was close enough to see Brian alight from the cab at the front door, and enter.


There was a man loitering by the door. He stopped a woman going in and asked her a question. She nodded and went in. Justin watched the man walk away. He went in himself, and ended up riding in the elevator with the woman.


“Hi,” he said, smiling. “I’m Justin, from Art. I’ve seen you before. Are you from accounting?”


The woman smiled back. “I am,” she said. “I’m Monika. Be nice to me, I print your checks…”


Justin chuckled. “Who was that guy outside?”


“Some reporter. He wanted to know if it was Kinney who’d just entered. Was hoping to get an interview, he said. I’ve never actually met Mr. Kinney, but I wish I had. I’d love to shake his hand for getting rid of that hatemonger, Tuscan. People like that are dangerous, especially when they have money to back up their opinions.”


The doors opened on the second floor.


“That’s me,” said Justin. “Nice to meet you Monica.”


“Nice to meet you too, Justin.”


Justin wondered how the New York Times was doing with their investigation, and what else was happening with Tuscan. Then he saw the pile in his in box, and groaned. He quickly looked through it. Sam had assigned him a project with Alan, a magazine ad for a haberdasher. Wow. That was different. It reminded him to call Betsy.


“Alan Curry’s Office. This is Betsy.”


“Hi, Betsy. It’s Justin.”


“Oh, hi sweetie, how are you? Long time no see!”


“Well, that’s kind of why I’m calling. Since I started as an assistant creative manager, I’ve been really busy, and I’ve not made time to work out. I think I would feel much better if I did. Do you think Mr. Curry would mind if I started using his treadmill again?”


“I know for a fact he wouldn’t, Justin. We were just talking about you this morning. He told me you were the artist who painted the piece in the lobby, and the one in Mr. Kinney’s office, and that he had seen a little more of your work and that it was spectacular. Apparently, Heather was very taken with it as well. He asked me if you still used his treadmill, and I said, “Occasionally,” just in case. See I must have sensed you’d be calling… So come on up anytime.”


“That’s great, Betsy. I’ll come today, then. I really need it.”


“Oh, goody. I have a little Christmas gift for you, and I was starting to think I was going to have to venture to the second floor to give it to you before Easter.” She laughed. “See you later, Justin.”


Justin smiled to himself imagining a hand knitted tea cozy and what Brian would have to say about that…


He looked at the clock. He was going on location with Adam and the crew for the filming of the first part of the commercial at 9:30. He still had plenty of time to research modern haberdashery.

 

*****



When he left Pratt, at 8:00pm, Justin was walking on air. There were just days that were perfect, where everything just fell into place. The filming this morning had been great, the actors just perfect, getting right away what he described, and just really, really good.


He’d had a great run, only four miles, but he’d felt strong, and after his shower, his whole body had felt cleansed, as if he had sweated away a bunch of noxious toxins.


Anatomy had been, as usual, a cross between fun, gross, and fascinating. They had dissected the female breast today, a part of the body Justin had paid no attention to since his fourteenth month…


The girls had seriously cringed, the guys had made stupid jokes, but it had been really interesting: the fat globules, the milk glands, the nipple and its tiny muscles (nipples, he knew fairly well…). The only thing holding the breasts up was skin. No wonder girls wore bras. And it explained the shape, and the bounciness.


Now he could draw a breast that looked real, a young perky breast, a heavy lactating breast, an aged breast. Half the cadavers they were dissecting were women. The youngest about fifty, he thought. Each of their breasts had been unique, each nipple and aureola different, the nipple of women who had once nursed babies changed forever.


It was amazing what women accepted to do to their bodies for the love of a child. He thought of Brian’s obsession with his perfect body. If men had to carry and nurse the children, he had no doubt the human race would have become extinct long ago…


Finally, he had painted for only two hours, but that is all he had needed to finish his 7X7 canvas. It was a wild thing. He thought of it as pussy willows, because of the grassy, organic look of it, the yellow grass of the field in summer, with pussy willows dancing in the wind. When he’d arrived today, he’d taken one look at it and had started mixing cadmium, zinc oxide white and burnt sienna in varnish and turpentine. He had covered the entire painting with it. It had dried quickly, leaving the entire painting with an out of focus, sepia feel. Using yet more cadmium and white, each pure, he had added touches all over the canvas, like dappled sunlight. The effect was amazing. You could literally feel the trembling heat of summer, the hot wind. Lilah had helped him raise it vertically, and they had leaned it against the wall.


“Oh, my god, Justin. I can hear crickets. I can smell the hay smell of dried grass.”


“How does it feel?”


She stared at it for a long time. “Like pure happiness. Like a summer’s day when you are a child, when summer lasts forever and means total freedom and apricot cobbler, and playing all day with your cousins without an adult in sight, and building a dam in the creek, getting all wet and drying in half an hour... Like the best time of your entire life.”


Justin smiled. “Good.”


Lilah smiled too. “You are really happy, aren’t you? This is now for you. The best time of your entire life?”


“Yes. Yes it is. And it just keeps getting better. I wish everybody in the entire world felt the way I feel right now. Life is so good to me.”


She smiled at him. “You deserve it Justin. You totally deserve it.”


Justin gave her a peck on the cheek, and they put the painting away in his drying cupboard. He would start something new tomorrow and was already excited about it.


He took a cab home. Brian was already there and dressed for the evening, looking hot. He welcomed Justin with a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

 

 

“Hurry up and change, we want to be there, waiting when they arrive.”


“I was going to take a shower…”


“Do you need to? Your neck smells so good…”


Justin smiled. He did not need to shower. His hygiene kit made sure he was always ready for Brian and his obsession with Justin’s ass, as well Brian knew.


“I’ll just get dressed.” He put on his undertaker outfit, because he knew it was Brian’s favorite. He needed to go shopping with Daphne again. She knew what looked good.


He could tell his approval in Brian’s eyes and predatory smile, and suddenly felt sexy and attractive. They took the quick cab ride to Gillian’s. It was a quarter of nine when they arrived, which was perfect. They explained to Maximillien, the doorman, that they were waiting for friends, and Brian had him go in to run his credit card for the six guests, so they would not feel self conscious at the exorbitant fee.


Justin loved the way Brian was looking at him, as if he wanted to eat him alive. He himself had been hard since Brian’s remark about the smell of his neck. Brian leaned in to give him a light kiss, and buried his face in his neck. Soon, Justin was leaning with his back to the stone wall, Brian’s thigh between his legs, and Brian’s tongue in his mouth. “Justin, Justin, Justin…I’m never going to be able to play pool. My dick is so hard I could use it as a cue.”


Justin cracked up. “We have ten minutes. I can make you come in three. I’ve never gone down on you in an alley before. Interested?”


“Fuck yes,” said Brian with a grin. “I’ll make it up to you later…”


“I’m not worried. I’m sure you will”


They walked deep into the dark alley next to Gillian’s, past the garbage and toward the back where some kinds of crates were stored. There was a back door with a light above it, but the crates obscured it from the entrance of the alley. Brian leaned against the wall, and Justin kissed him one more time…


“And here we were, trying to figure out a way to lure you down here. We should have known you’d want your little cocksucker to blow you, Kinney. Thanks for making our job so easy…”


Justin turned around. There were four of them. With baseball bats. The one speaking was the man from this morning. This was a little thank you gift from Tuscan. Justin’s palms were clammy, his heart was racing. The baseball bats were scaring the hell out of him. ‘It’s OK to be scared,’ he told himself. ‘Just remember your self-defense classes. You can beat these guys. Brian’s here. You’re not alone…’


He reached into his pocket, opened his phone and pressed 3 and talk. That was Brandon. Then he looked at their assailants and picked the one who was a little out of shape and balding, though he looked only about thirty.


He walked towards him, trying to ignore the conversation between Brian and the other one. Brian was a big boy. He knew how to take care of himself. “You used to play baseball in high school, didn’t you?” Justin asked the guy.


“Yeah, why?”


“There are different ways to hold a bat. You hold yours like a player, not like a head basher. You’ve never used a bat to beat someone's skull in before, have you. Just to play ball…”


“True, but I’m a quick learner,” said baldy with a nasty grin.


“Be that as it may, players do not expect people to try to take the bat away. The grip doesn’t guard against that…” Justin had gotten close enough, and he kicked the bat below the man’s right hand as hard as he could. Just like they showed in the self-defense class, the bat came free of the grip and came up about a foot. Justin snatched it. The training said you had a 50/50 chance that the person with the bat would snatch it first, so he was thrilled when he backed off with the bat in his hand, holding it not like a baseball bat, but like a weapon.


Brian’s back was still safely against the wall. They made eye contact, and Justin threw him the bat. Brian caught it, and his opponent who had been coming a little too close for comfort backed off precipitously. These guys had never done this before. They were talking instead of swinging. Amateurs, thank god.


“So, here we are in the back of the alley next to Gillian’s,” said Brian “There were four of you with bats, and two of us without, but now there are only three of you with bats and one of us without…” Like Justin, he had called someone on his phone, and was giving them a heads up…If they could hear.


Justin continued with his plan. He deliberately turned his back to the man he had disarmed


“Hugh, Grab him!” said the leader, and poor Hugh did. He really should have talked to Phil from Legal, first, about re-education for the broken foot, and life with only one testis… In less than a minute he was out for the count, and not being insensate due to alcohol, he was definitely staying down.


“There was a sound like a home run being hit, and the leader of the pack’s bat hit the ground as if he was punting. Brian rolled it against the wall with his foot.


Justin wished he could have seen how he’d done it. He backed to the wall and picked up the bat.


“So now,” said Brian, “there are three of you, two with bats, and two of us, with bats as well.”


“No. There are four of us, Brian,” said Todd.


The leader turned around, surprised, and Brian’s bat came down on his clavicle. There was a sound like a branch breaking, and the man fell to his knees, crying out in pain, holding his shoulder. Brian calmly removed his scarf and wrapped it carefully around the bat. Then he hit the man on the back of the head, and he fell face first, quiet and unmoving. Todd was facing one of the guys, using a garbage can lid as a shield.


Brandon was facing the other. He did a beautiful jump and landed on the man’s grip on the bat, driving his arms to the ground. There was a crunch sound and Justin held his breath, but Brandon got up, picking up the bat while the man howled, his wrists not having liked the 6’3” dancer landing on top of them. Brian walked to the man with this scarf wrapped bat and put him out of his misery.


Justin had joined Todd. Their opponent was young, strong, definitely had some experience in close combat, and was pretty desperate. He was dodging Justin’s blows easily while still attacking relentlessly. If it hadn’t been for the garbage can lid and Todd’s quick reflexes, both Justin and he would have been injured by now.


Then a jete landed in the middle if his back and he went down with an “Oomf”. He was on the ground and seemed completely unable to get a breath. Brandon walked away, limping a little. He stopped after a few steps, and stood on on foot easily while he cradled his other ankle for a moment. He rotated it, gave it a quick massage, and put it back down, he took a couple of tentative steps, jumped up and down a few times, and walked again, as good as new. He walked to Todd and took him in his arms resting his head on his shoulder.


Justin was already in Brian’s who held him tightly and whispered in his ear. “When you walked toward that guy with his bat ready to hit, I was so fucking scared… I knew you could handle it, Justin, but if anything had happened to you… I love you, Justin. I love you.”


“All I could think of was that I needed to get you one of those bats. I was scared shitless that guy would take a swing at you before I got you one. They didn’t care about me. You’re the one they wanted, and if anything had happened to you… Oh, Brian. I… I just love you so damn much.”


“Shit,” said Todd, “Rob and Alex!”


“Damn. The docs must think we forgot all about them,” said Brian.


All four of them headed to the mouth of the alley, wondering if their friends would still be waiting. They had not needed to worry. They were still waiting, had obviously introduced themselves to each other, and were laughing so hard when the others joined them none of the four could talk, and as soon as they started, they would all break down again.


Finally, Steven calmed down enough to explain, “Medical humor,” which got the other three started again. “So, where have you guys been?


“We were in the alley, having a disagreement with four of Tuscan’s thugs with baseball bats. Could you come check that we didn’t kill any of them? We’re just going to tell the cops where to find them, “ said Brian. “I don’t want to spend the night talking to cops. We have some celebrating to do.”


Four injured, four doctors, it was quick. Broken bones, concussions, but no busted skulls, and normal pupil response. They would all be fine. Justin dialed 911 on the way to Gillian’s door.


“Tenth Precinct, how may I help you?”


“We were just attacked by four thugs with baseball bats.”


“Was the attack motivated by homophobia?”


Well this was the police precinct for Chelsea, after all… “Yes, definitely.”


“Let me connect you to one of our detectives, and we are sending a car right now. Do you need an ambulance?”


“No, but our attackers do. They are in the alley next to Gillian’s.”


“…OK.”


“Tenth precinct detective squad. Who do you need to speak with?”


“Anybody I guess, Four guys attacked my boyfriend and I with baseball bats. They have dispatched an ambulance already. “


“Are you injured?”


“No. But they are. Listen, we just want to report the attack and make sure they get to a hospital. We have guests from out of town and…”


“Justin Taylor?”


“Uh… Yes.”


“This is Detective Hamill. One and a half million people in Manhattan and twenty-four precincts, yet here we are again.”


“But you were an officer. In the Madison area…”


“I passed detective and moved to the tenth precinct three weeks ago.” She sighed. “Go celebrate. Have fun. I expect you and Mr.Kinney tomorrow at eleven for your deposition, all right?”


“Thank you, detective.” Shaking his head at the serendipity, he followed the rest of them in. Once in the Billiard Room, the twins and the doctors started a game right away. Todd, Justin, Brandon and Brian felt the need for a relaxing drink. Todd and Brian ordered J&B, Brandon, who did not have to be on stage for nine days, and Justin, ordered beers.


Brandon and Todd continued a discussion they had obviously started outside. "You could have been seriously injured, Brandon.”


“So could you, so could Brian and Justin.”


“It’s not the same and you know it. Our careers don’t depend on our bodies being in perfect condition. What if they’d busted your knee cap. You would have never danced again. It was insane to risk yourself.”


“You cannot expect me to hang back when the man I love puts his life in danger. You have to understand that, no?”


“You’ve told me yourself the story of how Justin sent that guy who attacked him in the elevator to the hospital. He didn’t need any help.”


“Justin? Of course he … Todd, you dolt, you are the man I love. I meant you cannot expect me to hang back while you, the man I love puts his life in danger!”


“But… you love Justin…”


“Of course I love Justin. Always will. I love Brian too. But I am madly, deeply, crazy in love with you, Todd. Surely you must know that?” Brandon reached across the table and caressed Todd’s face. “Surely you feel it when we make love… We are so perfect together…”


Todd was looking at Brandon, his own face suffused with love and joy. “Brandon, fuck playing pool. Let’s go to that room where we can make love, because that’s all I want to do right now…” They slipped out of the booth and left. Brandon looked back at them and smiled, and he looked so incredibly happy. They both smiled back. He put his arm lovingly around Todd and they made their way to the elevator.


“I feel the same way as Todd,” said Brian, “but it would be rather rude to our guests.”


Justin leaned forward and kissed him before getting up. “We waited three months the first time. I’m sure we can make it through a couple games of pool.”


“We didn’t know yet what it would be like.” The shape of his erection showed plainly since he was going commando. It was an impressive sight. “It was easier to wait before I knew what I was waiting for…” Brian grinned at Justin . “You still want to play for top?”


“No.” Justin pointed to the table where Steve and Scott were playing Rob and Alex. “I want to play the winners. I want you to fuck me tonight, as many times as we can…”


Brian groaned. “I want you so badly, Justin…”


They went and issued their challenge, and Brian held Justin in front of him, rubbing his erection against him while they waited to see who they would play. The teams were pretty close, but Steven and Scott eventually took it.


Scott was about to break for their game when Brian whispered in Justin’s ear, “You are going to have to take first turn. I don’t think I can comfortably bend down.”


“Fuck it,” said Justin. He dropped to his knees, undid Brian’s fly, and took him in.


“Justin…” Brian was leaning against the pool table, and that was the last coherent thing he had to say for the next three minutes. Justin could not believe he was doing this, in the middle of the bar, with most people staring, and Steven and Scott out with them for the first time.


But he had wanted to suck Brian all night, and this was Gillian’s for fuck’s sake. Brian’s cock felt so good, so hard, his precome was so delicious… Brian came with a sigh, his head thrown back, Justin sucking every drop out of him. He got up again, tucking Brian back in his pants and turned to the game.


Scott was still paused to break, his brain apparently on hold. The twins looked really warm, and Steven was cracking up. He asked Scott, “Do you want me to break?”


“Uh… What? Oh. No. Here I go.”


Brian resumed holding Justin in his arms from behind and said to Scott, “It was a plot to break your concentration. You know Justin, so young, yet so evil…” He whispered in Justin’s ear, “So hot, so amazing, so sexy, so about to be fucked into the mattress…”


Justin giggled. He couldn’t wait.


To be continued...

This is the portrait of Florence that hangs in Brian and Justin's kitchen.

 

Chapter 23 - Celebration. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Celebration



Justin and Brian’s 'plot' worked like a charm. They won the first game hands down, then played the twins and did the same. It didn’t hurt that they were so horny they were rubbing against each other when it was their opponent's turn, that a couple of times Brian corrected Justin’s stance basically lying on top of him on the pool table, and that they were both sporting incredibly obvious hard-ons the entire time.


Since they were having an effect not just on their guests, but also on others who were more used to Gillian’s open attitude to public demonstrations of affection, and let’s face it, public demonstrations of fucking techniques, there were quite a few men getting head at the booths, and one who got fucked face to face against the wall.


“You guys really seem to be having a tough time concentrating,” Brian teased. “How about we move this along? Eating, dancing or fucking?”


The brothers high-fived each other, “Fuc.King,” they said.


Steven laughed. “I second that. Or is it third?” Scott looked a little self-conscious, but nodded with a smile. They all made their way to the elevator, on their way to the orgy room. Brian explained that it was ok to circulate, watch, jerk off and join as long as there was no black towel on the bed.


“If there is a black towel, you can watch and jerk off, but not touch or join whomever is on the bed.” He added, “And I’m sorry, but no matter how you do it at home, here condoms are mandatory. Fucking raw will get you kicked out in about ten minutes. Other than that, anything goes.”


They stopped in the locker room and stripped. Again, Steven looked a lot more comfortable with it than Scott, which was weird because though Steven had a nice body, Scott was definitely the better looking of the two. The twins were completely comfortable with their nudity, and were hard with anticipation. They were not very long, seven inches or less, but their girth was very impressive, their cocks really big around. They jokingly got on each side of Justin, asking if he wanted to be roasted on a spit, with the same cock in his ass as in his mouth, and Brian pushed each of them away, getting his Sunshine back.


“You’re always doing that to me, man,” said Rob, laughing. “I have a feeling I’ll never get my fat cock in that perfect blond ass…”


“And you are so right,” Brian said, smiling at Justin. “My Sunshine. Find your own…”


They entered the orgy room. Brian loved it in there. He loved watching all the fucking, the straining bodies, the faces full of pleasure, the chests full of come. The sounds and the smell were unlike anywhere else.


“They’re playing Enigma again,” said Justin. “I love it.”


The music was amazingly sensuous and sexy. Brian searched the room and found Brandon and Todd. They were lying in the middle of a bed, Todd’s legs around Brandon’s back, making slow beautiful love, kissing the whole time. They looked so perfect together, the contrast in their coloring, their slow coordinated motions, their secret conversation a joy to watch. Justin, who had found them as well, squeezed Brian's hand and smiled. There were two guys, sitting on the next bed, giving each other unhurried hand jobs as they watched them.


Brian and Scott both grabbed a black towel. Scott was very aroused, his eyes taking it all in, and Brian remembered Steven telling him Scott had been the one to ask they be exclusive. Steven was walking around, and actually caressed the face of a guy who had two cocks up his ass, and smiled at him encouragingly. The guy’s face was sweaty and flushed as he was lying on one of his impellers, and the other one was sliding in and out of his very stretched hole, trying hard not to come. It was an amazing sight, though Brian had never been tempted to participate in a double penetration, it obviously didn’t leave Steven indifferent.


The brothers had stopped next to a bed where a tall thin guy was tied up. His head was hanging off the edge of the bed, and a short man, muscular and dark haired, as beautiful as a small Adonis, was fucking his mouth, so you couldn’t see the tall guy’s face. Alex stopped, and climbed on the bed, taking the leaking cock of the tied up guy in his mouth, and swallowing him whole, moving up and down rapidly, matching the short guy's rhythm.


Rob stood behind the short guy, lubed his fingers and started finger fucking him. The guy turned around, surprised. Brian thought he had ‘top only’ written all over him, but Rob, who must have had a foot and fifty pounds on the short man, just pushed his shoulders down, and got another finger up his ass.


Alex was now sitting on the bound guy’s cock, fucking himself, and he grabbed the small guy's hands and brought them to his cock. The short guy started jerking Alex off, and Rob slowly pushed his fat cock up his ass.


If, as Brian suspected, this was shorty’s first time being fucked, he certainly was having a hell of an introduction. Rob was gentle and took his time, and it must have helped that shorty was still being sucked by his tied up friend, but still that was quite a first cock to take in… After five minutes, Rob was all the way in and started to move. Shorty let go of Alex’s cock, his mouth opened as he panted at the sensations in his ass. Suddenly, his eyes opened wide, and he let out a sound Justin and Brian could hear from across the room.


Rob had hit his prostate and was now really fucking him, pushing the short guy’s dick deep into the tied up guy’s mouth with every thrust. The short guy cried out as he came, totally overwhelmed. Rob lifted him off the skinny guy’s face, who looked like he was in heaven with Alex fucking himself on him, turned him around like he was a weightless doll, and the short guy’s legs around his waist, started fucking him standing up, lifting him and pushing him back down on his cock like he weighed nothing, kissing him hard.


Alex was untying his partner’s hands, and retying them with the guy’s head on the bed. He started fucking himself faster, his fingers buried in the guy’s ass at the same time. The guy came with a cry, and Alex came off his dick, put on a condom, brought the guy’s knees to his ears, and shoved in his cock, starting to fuck him fast and deep.


Those two were a terror. They obviously loved to fuck and were merciless. Brian and Justin looked at each other and laughed. They looked for the docs. Steve was fucking Scott who was on all four, jerking him off at the same time. From the bed they’d chosen, they had a perfect view of a guy with a cock in his ass, and one in his mouth. Steve leaned down and asked Scott something.


Scott nodded in agreement, and Steve gestured to a young guy, who looked about twenty, and who was jerking off looking at them. The guy approached the bed, eyeing the black towel, but Scott reached for him and swallowed his cock as Steven kept fucking him. Brian was amazed. Scott was definitely the sub in that relationship, which he would have never guessed. The kid came down Scott’s throat, and Steven called another guy over, who happily took his turn in Scott’s mouth.


Steve used the black towel to blind Scott, and just kept fucking him, playing with his dick and his nipples, whoring out his mouth. Scott came, blinded, his mouth full of cock, but Steven didn’t stop, and soon Scott was hard again, a third cock down his throat, Steven speaking into his ear.


All their guests were happily occupied. Brian took Justin’s hand and pulled him to an empty bed, displaying the black towel in an obvious manner. He lay down next to Justin, and started to kiss his face and his neck, running his hand through his short hair, along his beautiful cheekbones, kissing his elastic mouth.


“Look around, Justin, tell me what you want…”


“I want you, anyway you want. My mouth and my ass are yours to do with as you please, all night.”


Justin’s eyes were soft and full of love. He meant it. Brian smelled his neck, his armpits, and got incredibly turned on. Unsurprisingly, he wanted to eat Justin’s ass. Nothing was better than that at the end of the day. He turned Justin over and got him on his knees. He teased himself with the sight of the perfect cheeks, and spreading them, the sight of his gorgeous asshole, closed tight on its hidden delight.


“Justin, I want to eat your ass. Fuck , I always want to eat your ass. You are so tight and beautiful…” He caressed Justin’s cheeks. They were so soft and plump. He bit one, and smacked the other, loving the bounciness. He licked down the crack, and got to Justin’s neat entrance, and he couldn’t wait anymore… He licked delicately at the pink folds, loving Justin’s clean musk, pointed his tongue and slipped it in.


He remembered the first time he had done this, his delight at Justin’s heady scent, at his mewling response, and there, deep inside, at his amazing sweetness. It had been two and a half months ago, and his pleasure at loving Justin’s hole had not diminished. And probably wouldn’t ever. He had felt the folds, he now caressed with his tongue, open like a flower for his naked cock. And in a month that pleasure would be his forever.


The muscular rings were soft and relaxed. Some men never learned to control their inner sphincter. Justin had done it out of love, surrendering that to Brian just like he did his mouth, accepting him inside of his body in every way. Brian fucked the offered hole with his tongue, his cock hard as a rock, Justin’s wonderful sweet taste in his mouth, and his cries of pleasure driving him wild. He stopped for a second to breathe in Justin’s balls, and then fucked him with his tongue again.


It was a powerful turn on to see a gorgeous man take such joy at eating some twink’s perfect ass, and hearing the resulting moans of pleasure. Too many guys were scared of doing this, though they all wished it would be done to them… Guys were watching and jerking off. Brian wanted to plunge his cock into Justin’s ass, but he was enjoying Justin’s reaction and the reaction of men around them to it, so he turned him over and took Justin’s gorgeous cock in his mouth, pleasuring him as much as he could, finger fucking him at the same time.


Justin was in a world of bliss, lost in Brian’s power, moaning, mewling, panting out his pleasure beautifully. His orgasm hit him like a tidal wave, his back arched, his hands in Brian’s hair, his eyes closed, and his cry of pleasure bringing four other men to completion, as usual almost undoing Brian. Jets of spunk hit the floor around the bed, and two guys started fucking on an adjacent bed just to share their impending orgasm with someone.


Justin opened his eyes and smiled at Brian who was unrolling a condom on himself and covering it with lube. He plunged into Justin’s open, welcoming body, his ankles on Brian’s shoulders, and Justin tightened around him. Brian lost control, and after pumping deeply in and out of Justin only a handful of times, he looked in Justin’s eyes, and said, “Justin, I can’t stop, here I come, oh god…” and he exploded in the condom.


But again, just like the first time they had made love, Justin did not let him leave his body. He wrapped his legs tightly around Brian's waist, and his arms around his neck, moving sinuously to keep fucking himself on Brian’s cock, and Brian’s pleasure did not end. He was stuck on the wave of one orgasm and on the rise of another for what seemed like hours, conscious of nothing but Justin’s heat, his smell, his sounds, his kisses, his softness and tightness, and his words of love. Finally Justin reached his peak. “Brian… Brian… here I come again… come with me… come with me… this is so perfect… I love you so much…so perfect…” and Justin’s channel tightened rhythmically with his orgasm as he cried out his pleasure and love, and took Brian away with him, Brian’s climax seemingly never ending. He collapsed on top of Justin, his breath ragged, his body spent.


The mattress dipped and someone was caressing his hair and his back. He looked up to find Brandon smiling at him. “You two are so beautiful when you make love,” Brandon said.


On their other side, Todd was caressing Justin’s face. “You are so gorgeous when you come, Justin, so beautiful.”


“Can we come back with you to the loft to shower and sleep?” asked Brandon. “I’ve missed you guys, and, well, we didn’t talk much tonight…” He chuckled.


Brian looked at Justin, who smiled. “Yeah. I think we’re ready to head home. Let’s make sure the docs and the twins are ok, and let’s go.”


Rob was on a bed with his new little friend, whose cock was buried in his ass, and he looked very happy indeed. Alex was on another bed with a couple of Asian guys. They were beautiful, their skin golden and their bodies nothing but muscles. One was fucking him standing up, Alex’s ass on the edge of the bed, and the other one was straddling his shoulders and jerking off, about to spray come all over his face.


Steven and Scott were still at it, Steven lying on his back now, and Scott fucking himself on his cock, jerking himself off while looking at him with eyes full of love.


Well, they all certainly looked OK. The four friends left the room and got dressed, leaving a note on the doctors' locker, telling them to take advantage of the restaurant and have an early breakfast with the twins, or whatever. It looked like they might be in there for quite a while yet.


They took two cabs to the loft, and showered as soon as they got there. Then, towels around their waists, eating oranges and Granny Smiths, they talked a bit about Tuscan and his thugs, about Brandon's apartment in Pittsburgh that had sold faster than expected, so that he now lived on Emmett and Daphne’s sofa, about Todd who wanted to take Brandon home but was worried he would be overwhelmed by the Bourekis special brand of welcome, about Justin’s deadline for his paintings and his beginning anxiety about the whole thing, and about Brian’s business trip to Vail coming up to check out a new resort and plan their campaign. It was too close to Justin’s exposition for him to come along, and was during the week anyway, when Justin had to work and go to school, but he hated going without him.


They went to bed and laughed, Brandon and Brian spooning their lovers in such similar fashion. Brandon and Justin fell asleep immediately. Todd and Brian talked a while longer, the darkness and the intimacy making them more open than they would have been ordinarily. Todd confided how hard it had been for weeks to be second in Brandon’s heart, and how amazing it was to realize his love was now fully returned. “There were times when I wasn’t sure I could continue,” he said. “It hurt, even though Justin never rubbed it in, never took advantage of it. Justin is so… perfect, you know? I just didn’t think I’d ever be enough for Brandon. But then tonight… God, Brian. He loves me. He is in love with me. I can’t believe it.”


“I can. What’s not to love. You’re gorgeous in your own way, you have a great body, you fuck him better than anyone, you're smart and sweet, and the curls, the curls are irresistible.”


Todd tried to laugh silently. “Shut up.”


“I mean it, Todd. He is lucky to have you. You make him happy. Brandon and I… We have a lot in common. The most obvious being that we fucked and fucked and fucked for years, a new guy or two every night, never getting enough. But we never got enough because none of these tricks gave us what we needed. What Justin gives me, and what you give Brandon. Friendship. Laughter. A chance to be a man, not just a walking dick. A chance to be loved. And a chance to love back.

 

 

“Brandon was not as stupid as I was. He knew he was missing something in his life after he met Justin. And that was you. It was your burden to have to wait for his infatuation with Justin to fade, and I admire you for being strong enough to do it.


“I was a lot stupider. I had myself convinced that my life was perfect, and that after a one night stand with Justin it would be perfect again. Justin’s burden was to have to wait for me to realize that I wanted him, and to put up with my shit until I admitted to myself that he was the most important thing in my life. He lived with you for a month. You know what he had to go through. I’m really happy for you, Todd. But I’m even happier for Brandon. He’s figured it out.”


“You have figured it out too, I think,” said Todd with a smile. “Justin looks really happy.”


“I keep thinking I have, and then something comes up and I realize I was wrong. He is so good at making the best of it, sometimes I don’t think he even knows when something’s wrong. He thought I fucked tricks when I went out on my own. And he had decided to live with it, because that was just the way things were, and he just didn’t let himself think about it. But you should have seen his face when I told him the truth, that I’ve been with him and only with him since Pittsburgh. I love him so much, and I didn’t even know he was hurting.” He looked at Todd. “What about you? How much does it bother you that Brandon is the stud of Babylon, that he fucks other guys when you are not together?”


“How would you feel if Justin was the Stud of Essengy? If he fucked one or two guys per night, giving them pleasure, having orgasms with them?”


“I would hate it. What if he liked the way one of these guys gave head better than the way I do it? What if he came harder in someone else’s ass than he comes in mine?”


“Then you know how I feel.”


“Are you going to tell him?”


“No. I don’t want him to stop because I ask him to. I want him to stop because he wants to. Like you did.”


“It might take a while.”


“I know. But tonight I found out he loves me, and I never thought that would happen. So I’ll just wait, and be happy with what he gives me. He’s never so much as looked at someone else when we are together, and he is affectionate, and possessive. I like it. For now, it will have to do…”


“You really love him, don’t you.”


“About as much as Justin loves you…”


They smiled at each other, and went to sleep.

 

 

*****


Morning came, and Brian made love to Justin from behind, covering his smaller body completely, their fingers interlaced, as he told him between bites and kisses all the reasons he loved him, from his great smile to the way he put on his sock and shoe on one foot before putting the sock and shoe on the other. He was nowhere near finished when they both came.


Next to them, Todd was fucking Brandon face to face, and Brandon’s relaxed pleasure was a wonder to see, considering how far he’d come. His body was magnificent, his abs tensing rhythmically when he came, crying out Todd’s name, right before Todd followed him, saying. “I love you, I love fucking you so much…”


After their shower, once again Brandon and Justin cooked breakfast, listening to one of Brian's CD's Justin really liked, by BB King. Brian and Todd were sitting at the bar drinking coffee. Brian wanted to take Justin shopping for casual clothes, telling him how gorgeous he looked in black, and that he couldn’t wear a shirt and tie to the birthday party and that his only decent casual outfit was covered in come.


Justin remarked that without having sold a painting that month, and after paying rent, he couldn’t afford to shop the Brian way.


“Where do you shop, Todd? You always look great,” asked Brian.


“I shop at consignment stores, one in Chelsea, one in Soho... Second hand designer clothes.”


Ew. Wearing someone else’s old clothes. Todd did look good though. But if you bought second hand, weren’t you buying last season’s fashion? Todd never looked last season. He looked hot. Justin could look hot in 501’s and a too small sweatshirt…


“How does that sound, Sunshine?”


“Affordable. Can you take me, Todd?”


“Hey! I wanted to shop with you!” protested Brian.


“Brian,” Justin teased, “you might be seen… And I’m pretty sure you actually have to look through racks instead of having some personal shopper prepare everything for you… Why don’t you work out with Brandon or something?”


Looking on a rack for the right size was not his idea of shopping, Justin had a point. And he hadn’t worked out in a couple of days.


“Brandon?”


“Sounds good. But after working out I need to go to the studio and dance for a while.”


“Can I watch?”


“Sure. You won’t be able to stand in for a ballerina though… you’re too big.” They cracked up.


The birthday party was at 5:30. They would leave from the loft at 5:00. Before they did anything, though, they had to go to the police station to give their statements to Detective Hamill. Taking a page out of Brian’s book and how he had handled it the last time, they all wrote out their statements ahead of time, to shorten their visit to the delightful 10th precinct station.


Detective Hamill was as nice as ever. She read what they had brought, declared it good enough, and told them that all four wannabe head bashers, still in the hospital, had volunteered to give details on how they had been sent to finish Kinney off by Tuscan himself, making it look like a gay bashing.


They had followed Brian from work to the loft, and from the loft to Gillian’s. Attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder would be added to Mr. Tuscan’s list of sins. They were all shocked. They had expected those guys to have been sent to hurt Brian, not kill him. They had been so amazingly bad at it. It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary. Thank god it was over.


Brian kissed Justin goodbye when he and Todd left to shop. His mouth tasted of toothpaste, he smelled of clean Justin and he looked really happy. Idiotically, Brian didn’t want him to go. He wanted to hold his Sunshine all day.


“Black,” he said. “buy lots of black. You look hot in black, and this is New York.”


Justin gave him a sunshine smile, and left with Todd to hit the Chelsea store. Brian and Brandon went to pick up Brandon’s workout clothes, his dance clothes, and what he was going to wear at the party, and went to work out on the 34th floor at Plexus. It reminded them of the commercial, though this time, they really ran, and worked up a sweat, pushing each other on the different apparatuses. Brian figured he would be sore later.


Postponing their shower, they headed for the studio. Brian did some stretches with Brandon, and though he usually thought of himself as pretty limber, he could only laugh at how stiff he looked next to the dancer.


“Do you know yoga positions?” asked Brandon.


“No, not really.”


“This,” said Brandon, “is the plow and the best part about being limber. If I do this naked, I can suck my own cock…”


Brian could totally see the truth of it and burst out laughing. He watched Brandon dance, and was amazed when two hours had passed. He had never thought about ballet before that commercial, and certainly had never thought he could spend two hours sitting on his ass on some hardwood floor, watching some guy dance, and enjoy himself. He really wanted to go with Justin to see Brandon on stage when he danced next season. That would be so cool.


By the time they got back to the loft, Justin and Todd were already there. Justin was wearing fitted thin black cords with a gorgeous black cashmere sweater. He had done something to his hair, and he looked fucking hot. The pants… God. They looked perfect on his ass.


“I’m going to hit the shower,” said Brandon.


“I’ll come scrub your back,” said Todd.


“And I’m going to suck your cock,” said Brian, which he proceeded to do with zeal, caressing Justin's delicious ass at the same time. Justin came, crying his name, and Brian put him back into the fantastic pants.


“I take it you like my new clothes,” said Justin, smiling.


“Do you have more?” asked Brian.


“Yes. I got all kinds of stuff. Half of them still had the original tags on. I guess people buy them, never wear them, and put them on consignment.”


Brian gave him a meaningful look. “Can’t wait to see the rest,” he said.


It was his turn to shower. Justin came into the bedroom to help him dry his back which somehow included getting his dick wet again, with spit, this time. His knees having given up again, Brian thought he had never spent so much time with his ass on hardwood as he had that day.


As he was getting dressed, he realized he was choosing clothes that would look good with what Justin was wearing. He knew he still had a cock, since it had been so effectively hoovered by his own blond tornado just minutes previously, so he decided to accept yet another lesbianic trend in his life.


The birthday invitation they had gotten a week ago specified “No presents for heaven’s sakes” so Brian was bringing flowers, peonies again, just as gorgeous as those he had given Cynthia a while back.


He knew Brandon was bringing a present anyway, and Sunshine had given his painting, so he did not want to arrive empty handed. Todd was a little nervous, and they tried to reassure him that she would love him, and that if Brandon came without his boyfriend, she would hurt him.


Brian had ordered a large cab, and they all rode to the upper eastside where Jessica Hammon had her residence. The building was impressive, right on Fifth Avenue. They went up to the twenty-sixth floor, and the elevator opened in the lobby of Jessica’s apartment, which apparently occupied all of the twenty-sixth floor.


A young woman with a maid's uniform took them to the “grey living room”. One entire wall was windows showing a breathtaking view of Central Park. Jessica was sitting on the floor with a young girl, braiding her hair, laughing with her. Jason was there, sprawled in an armchair, listening to his mother, an indulgent look on his face..


There were three young men, one Justin’s age, and two younger, fourteen and eighteen, perhaps. They looked a lot like Jason, and were sitting on the floor, arguing the pros and cons of investing in gold at a time of crisis. A lovely woman who looked like Sam and must be Carrie, his little sister, was speaking to none other than Lindy Holmes, though it took a second for Brian to recognize her because she looked amazingly different than the last time Brian had seen her. She was wearing no makeup, black instead of white, and had apparently let her hair dry naturally. It was extremely curly. She looked relaxed and happy.


“The boys are here!” said Jessica, getting up from the floor with a swiftness and grace that no person over seventy should possess. “Thank you so much for coming and brightening my day.” She grinned. “Though you know I only invited you to meet the fourth musketeer. Todd! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance!”


She turned to Brandon. “I know what you mean. I just want to run my hands through these curls…” Brandon just chuckled.


“So,” she said to Todd, “you are the young man my dance pupil has fallen so hard for.” She leaned toward him and whispered loudly, “You’ll have to show me your abs… but not today, there are children present.” Todd cracked up.


“Justin, how are you, my love? No need to answer that, you are glowingly happy, and it suits you. How is the painting going? How many more do you need?”


“Just two. And I love my last one. I love painting, Jessica. I just love it. I can’t believe people will pay me to paint. I should be paying them!”


“And that’s why you have Jason, love! So in spite of your best efforts to the contrary you can someday be rich and famous…”


The maid came in with drinks for everyone.


“In honor of Lindy, all ladies present will indulge in pink champagne!” Jessica said laughing. “And I have your favorite bourbon, Mr. Kinney. I must say I am thrilled you are alive to drink it despite my grand nephew’s attempt to have it otherwise…”


“Your grand nephew?” said Brian. “Well, if a member of your family has attempted to murder me, I think that from now on you can call me by my first name…”


“On behalf of the family, I apologize, Brian. He is the black sheep. Alfred Tuscan married Lillian Hammon, Arthur’s little sister, and they gave birth to that idiot. The only thing he ever did right was to be on his best behavior for two months and dazzle poor Lindy into marrying him so they could have those lovely children. Speaking of children.” She turned to her family.


“This is Jason, my son (this to Todd, the only one who had not yet met him) and his beautiful wife Carrie, and their four children, Raphael, David, Jonathan and Maya.


“This is Lindy, my grand niece, and these are my dear friends, Justin, Brandon, Brian, and Todd whom I am sure will be dear friends soon enough.”


“Now we are all here today because my beloved son decided that three quarters of a century made a good excuse for eating cake. (Seventy-five, can you believe it? This better be good cake!)


“So let’s move to the tea room and have some cake.”


The maid had arranged the peonies so they made a glorious bouquet, and had placed it on the sideboard.


Jessica looked at all four of them, and said, “Brian, thank you so much for the flowers. Peonies are one of my favorites. So, boys, which one of you has a gift?” Bandon handed over a gift apparently wrapped by a chimpanzee, or maybe a two year old. With his feet. Jessica laughed. “Nice wrapping job, Brandon.” She opened it; it was a silver charm, a small articulated dancing bear. Her lovely rich laugh was a pleasure to hear.


The children also had gifts for their grandmother, a book, a poem, a picture of all four grandchildren, and a bag of candied Ginger.


Finally, Jason told his mother, “Eema, there is one more gift for you. It’s a double gift because Justin painted it to give to you as a gift. However, when I saw it, I wanted to give it to you. So I twisted his arm into selling it to me for me to give to you. It’s a gift to tell you that I love you, that twenty years ago I was an idiot and that I apologize, and that I am so proud that you are my Eema.”


He had the painting on an easel hidden behind a heavy cloth. Jessica got up, and removed the cloth. Jason had had the painting framed. It looked beautiful. Jessica looked at her portrait, stunned. She ran her fingers over some of the details, the apple, the flowers, Arthur’s portrait. She turned around, and there were tears on her face.


“I don’t know which of you I should hug first,” she said.


Jason took her in his arms and said again, “I love you, Eema,” kissing her forehead.


Jessica walked to Justin, who got up from his chair. “I hope you charged him an arm and a leg. It’s the best portrait of me I have ever seen. Thank you so much, Justin.”


“I’m really glad you like it.”


“I want to live another twenty years, so I can see you become the world renowned Justin Taylor… and so I can dance at everyone of my grand children’s weddings.”


She looked very happy. The maid came in with the cake, and it was very good. They talked about Brandon’s new job, about Jason’s clients, about the gallery where Justin was going to have his show.


Brian noticed Justin yawning discreetly, and wanted to take him home and get in bed with him, holding him as he fell asleep, as he had done a few days ago. He would go to Pratt tomorrow, and paint all day, so Brian wanted to enjoy holding him tonight. It was actually amazing the amount of work he could get done in the quiet of the bedroom with Justin asleep at his side.


“Jessica, I’m sorry to have to leave the festivities early, but I promised to call my son tonight, so Justin and I are going to have to head home.”


“That’s fine, Brian,” said Jessica with a smile that told him she was not fooled. “Thank you for the flowers, and Justin, I cannot tell you what this painting means to me. I’ll talk to you soon.”


A cab was waiting downstairs. As they got in, Justin said, “You were lying through your teeth, but thank you. I was falling asleep. I guess I’m still in the negative at the sleep bank. Will you hold me like you did last time? It was so nice, Brian.”


“Yes it was, and yes I will.”


“Good.”


Brian held Justin in the taxi, kissing his temple, holding him tight, looking forward to being home.



To be continued...

 

Chapter 24 - Truly, Madly, Deeply. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Truly, Madly, Deeply


It was 8:00 pm and Brian’s lover was sleeping. His body was warm and soft, nude under the duvet. One of his arms was under the pillow, the other one on his chest where minutes before it had held Brian’s next to his heart. His lips were slightly parted; his skin still had the dewy softness of childhood.


What the hell do you do when your lover goes to bed at eight on a Saturday night? You laugh at yourself and wonder how you can find it endearing. Brian picked up the phone and called Lindsay and Mel’s number.


“Petersen-Marcus residence.”


“Hey, Mel, it’s Brian.”


“Brian who?”


“Oh, haha…”


“Did somebody die?”


“I'm sure someone did, but not anyone I know. Can I talk to Gus?”


“He just came out of the bath. Lindz is putting his PJ's on. Can you wait a minute?”


“Sure. I need to speak to you anyway. I know you guys are coming in two months, but I was wondering if you could come for the weekend of Justin’s Gallery opening.”


“When is it?”


“The opening is Saturday the 27th, in the evening, at the Bryce Kindall gallery, a small place in The Village. But I was hoping you guys could come on Friday. I am going to try and get everybody here that night, and I want to surprise Justin with a special dinner. Really surprise him, as in, if anybody says anything, I will have them killed.”


“…Ok. Well, you better hope he doesn’t speak to Michael, then. You know how he is. The others should be able to keep their mouths shut. I hate to be this frank, but we just can’t afford it on our own. We’ll be there if you pay for the tickets and put us up, though. I know Lindz would be thrilled to be at the opening. Oh, and don’t tell your son, either. You can’t expect a 5 year old to keep a secret, you know?”


“The tickets and the hotel are on me. No problem. Can you talk to Lindz about it?”


“Of course.”


“Great.”


“Brian?”


“What?”


“… This is going to sound stupid, I’m sure, but… You just told me something important and asked me to tell Lindz. Since Christmas you’ve treated me… differently. Lindz’ equal as far as Gus is concerned. It’s really nice. Not so long ago you would have hung up and called back when you could talk to the people who really matter, instead of me. You’ve quit doing that. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it.”


“And I am sure you’ll understand when I pretend you never said anything because my stunted emotional development cannot handle this kind of sentimental bullshit, right?”


“Oh, absolutely.” There was a smirk in her voice.


“That’s a relief.”


She chuckled. “Asshole”


“Cunt,” he answered, grinning.


“Well, I feel better now. Don’t you? Oh, here is Gus.”


Brian could hear her speak to her son. “Guess who’s on the phone?”


“I dunno. A girl or a boy?


“A boy. A boy you love more than any boy in the whole world.”


“No. That’s Daddy. I love Jutsin more than anyone in the whole world after Daddy.”


“It’s not Justin…”


“DADDY! DADDY YOU CALLED ME? YOU NEVER CALL ME! DADDY?”


“Yes, Sonnyboy, it’s Daddy.


“DADDY!”

 

 

(“Stop yelling, Gus, calm down!” said Mel in the background.”)


“It’s ok, Gus. I’m right here.”


“Oh, Daddy! You called!”


“Yes, son. How are you?”


“I’m good, even though Samantha has the measles and she sits next to me and I’m not sick or anything. And I can count to a hundred by ten, 0,10,20,30,40, 50,60,70,80,90,100. And we had endives for dinner and usually they are so yucky but Mamma said the hell with it and put ham and cheese sauce on them and they were good.”


Wow. Brian guessed it was his turn now. “I went to a birthday party and had cake,” he said, thinking that was something his son could relate to.


“Cool. What kind?”


“Chocolate with chocolate layers and chocolate icing.”


“Wow. That’s my favorite cake, with the white one with the carrots. Was it a girl or a boy?”


“A lady. She is seventy five.”


“Did she get any good stuff?”


“She got a little silver dancing bear, a painting from Justin, and I gave her flowers.”


“What color?”


“Pink. They smell good, too.”


“That’s good, Daddy. Ladies like flowers, and girls like pink best, and they like stuff that smells nice. I bet she was real happy.”


“I think so.”


“Mamma said she couldn’t believe you managed to send that sound of fish down the river. I don’t know what that means but she was real happy with you. I didn’t know fish made sounds, Daddy. What do they sound like?”


Brian had to smile. He had sent that son of a bitch Tuscan down the river. “It’s complicated, Gus. It was part of my work and what Mel meant was that I did a good job. Justin helped, and a bunch of other friends too. It’s an expression. There is really no fish.”


“Like ‘You’re pulling my leg’?”


“Right.”


Gus giggled. “I’m silly. I thought there was a fish, and you were in a river. There are fishing shows on TV. They’re really boring.”


“Yes. I think fishing shows are boring too.”


“And there are cooking shows too.” Gus laughed, “Boooring!”


“Yes. Very.”


“There is this show with a man with goofy hair, and he paints, and at first I thought that was boring but then I watched the whole thing and it was cool, even though he talked like he was in preschool with ‘a happy little tree’, and stuff. It made a cool picture, with a pink sky and a lake, even though he didn’t really paint a sky and water, you know? It was all tricks. Does Jutsin learn tricks like that at art school?”


“Yes. I think so.”


“I wish I could go to art school.”


“Maybe later you will.”


“Yes. I want to paint like Jutsin. Did the old lady like her painting?”


“She did.”


“I don’t want to be a fisherman. I have to go brush my teeth. It’s bedtime, and if I don’t cop rate, I lose my story. So I have to go now.”


“Ok, Sonnyboy. You should definitely cooperate with your Mom.”


Gus was upset all of a sudden. “Oh, Daddy, I forgot to tell you all the important stuff,” sniff, “I forgot to tell you about the hamster, and Nicki’s band-aid, and all that.” Sniff.


“Don’t cry, Sonnyboy. You’ll tell me next time.”


“You mean you’re going to call again?”


“Yes. I’m going to call again. I love you, Gus.”


“Oh, Daddy, I love you too! I love you so much!” Sniff.


“Good night, Gus.”


“Good night Daddy, I love you.”


“I love you too, son.”


“Brian?” It was Lindz.


“I’m sorry, Lindz. I didn’t mean to make him sad. Maybe it was a mistake to have called.”


“Brian, that boy is so happy right now, you have no idea. Thanks for calling him. It means so much to him. He loves it when Justin calls, but… Well, you’re his Daddy.”


“How often does Justin call?”


“Oh, about once a week, usually. But it’s the letters Justin sends that he loves, with the drawings of you. We put them in this scrapbook. They are so funny. I loved that cartoon where you forgot your pants. Gus was literally rolling on the floor crying, he was laughing so hard, and he was defending you the whole time: “My Daddy would NEVER forget his pants…” and then when it turned out to be a dream he was so proud. “See Mommy! He would not forget his pants. Oh! No! He forgot his SHIRT!!!” and he just about died laughing. He reread it about twenty times, cracking up every time…”


“I’ll try to call more often, Lindz.”


“Thanks Brian. He misses you.”


“I miss him too.”


He hung up.


Justin had taken it upon himself to keep Brian alive and present in his son’s mind. He had never pushed Brian to call Gus, rarely talked about him. He just kept in touch with the little boy, and sent him drawings of his Dad. And cartoons about dreams where Brian forgot his pants… Justin told Brian he loved him sometimes, but more than words, his actions showed it everyday.


Brian got up and went to look at the sleeping Justin in their bed. Brian loved him so fucking much. He looked like a child in that bed, but yesterday he had walked up and gotten in the face of a man with a baseball bat, like the one that had given him brain damage, to snatch it away and give it to Brian so he could defend himself…


At that moment, he wanted to make love to Justin so badly. He took off his wife beater, his sweats and his boxers, and grabbed a condom and the lube out of the drawer. He got into bed, and got close to Justin, kissing behind his ear. Warm, sleepy Justin. He kissed down his neck, to his shoulder, and back up again, loving Justin’s sweet citrusy smell.


“Hmmmm.”


“Shhh. Don’t wake up. I’m just going to make love to you…”


Brian smiled as Justin rubbed his bum on Brian’s erection. He put on the condom, put a lot of lube on it and slowly penetrated Justin, who arched his back with a sigh. It was like sliding home. This was where he belonged, where he wanted to be.


He held Justin tightly against him and started moving in and out of the warm tight nest where his dick was happiest, and it felt so fucking good, so fucking perfect, massaging his dick like nothing else did, his whole length squeezed tight in the sweet hole between the soft globes of that miraculously beautiful ass.


He brought a hand down to it so he could caress his ass cheeks as he fucked Justin, their roundness, their softness driving him wild, increasing his arousal. He put his fingers next to Justin’s hole, feeling his slick cock slide in and out so easily. He loved that ass. He was driven insane by that ass, and it was his, he could fuck it at anytime, fuck it soft, fuck it hard, fuck it until Justin screamed in pleasure.


He reached his slickened fingers around Justin’s body, and found Justin’s hand, already working his cock. He wrapped his hand around Justin’s to feel his movements. Justin was pumping his cock fast, two strokes for each thrust of Brian’s.


“Oh, yeah,” said Brian, “I can do that…” He moved his hips faster, matching Justin’s hand, and Justin moaned his approval beautifully especially when Brian changed angle and hit his prostate with every stroke.


“Are you going to come, Justin? Am I going to make you come? I love it when you come. You’re mine then… you belong to me.”


“Brian, Brian, Brian, it’s so good, so fucking good… I’m close…Come with me, I love you, I love your cock, I love you fucking me, I’m yours… I belong to you…”


Justin’s body trembled in warning and then his ass constricted in a fast shooting rhythm as his cock spurted jets of come. Brian, his fingers at the tip, felt the strength of each one as Justin came undone in his arms. Holding Justin tight so Justin would feel every one of his pulsing contractions, he whispered, “Here I come,” and growled in contentment as he shot his own come deep inside Justin’s body.


He pulled out slowly, hating to lose that connection, and took off the condom. Justin spun in his arms, looking wild. “Fuck me again, Brian, please, fuck me fuck me fuck me…”


He brought up his knees, and begged, “Come back inside of me, please, take me, I want you inside of me again, please, Brian…”


Fuck. Brian had never seen anything so hot. Justin’s cock was hardening again despite the fresh come on his belly. He got a new condom and put it on, and covered it in lube. Watching Justin’s face, he slid one of his long fingers in his ass. He was tight again, as if they had not just finished. He fucked him with his finger, turning it to catch his prostate. Justin closed his eyes, licking his lips and keening.

 

 

“You want me back, Justin? You want my cock back where my finger is?”


Justin panted. “Yes! Yes yes yes yes! Fuck me…” His eyes were glowing, his parted lips were moist. He looked at Brian. “I want you. Fuck me, fuck me, Please, Brian…”


Brian was fully hard. He paused himself at Justin’s entrance for a second, then pushed and with a grunt buried himself as far as he could go. Justin cried out and came, hard enough some spunk reached his chin.


“Holy shit, Justin…”


“Fuck me, Brian, please fuck me…”


Brian could not believe it. Justin had come twice, hard, in less than ten minutes and was begging for more. He picked up Justin’s legs and put his ankles on his shoulders. He bent down and kissed Justin’s mouth, devouring it as he fucked him deep and hard. Justin was mewling in his kiss with every stroke, raising his ass to meet his push, acting horny as all get out, his arms around Brian’s neck, answering with hungry kisses of his own.


Brian could feel Justin’s spunk covered cock slip and slide between their bodies, hard again. He closed his eyes and concentrated on the sensations. It felt so good. There was a tingle at the base of his spine that grew into a bloom of pleasure as his strokes continued, his cock was still sensitive from his earlier orgasm and for once he was grateful for the condom that dulled the sensation to a delicious warmth, underplayed with increasing pleasure.


Justin’s mouth was all his to explore, his lips soft and plump, his tongue twisting around his like a snake. His nipples rubbed on Justin's sweaty chest, and Justin’s nails in his shoulders felt like crescents of bliss. It was amazing.


The hair on the back of his neck rose, his skin became covered in goose bumps, and his balls tightened to his body. He savored the feeling of his impending climax, and when he felt Justin’s body tremble under him, the telltale sign of his love’s own release, he roared joyfully, letting go, pleasure sweeping him away.


He was conscious of Justin laughing breathlessly under his weight, and got on his elbows. Justin’s lungs automatically filled with a huge breath and he kept laughing. His eyes were full of mirth, and he smiled at Brian, the most awesome smile Brian has ever seen. Brian smiled back, knowing exactly how Justin felt.


This had been the best fuck of his life. This was a man he’d had sex with two or three times a day, everyday they spent together, and instead of getting boring, ho-hum, sex was getting better and better.


How many times had he slipped his dick inside a sleeping Justin? Plenty. And it was always good, sometimes achingly sweet, sometimes passionately hot, sometimes the prelude to a long lovely fuck. And today… God. Unbelievable. And to think he had been coming to bed for a quickie, hoping Justin could go right back to sleep.


“You woke me up,” said Justin.


“I’m so sorry…” Brian grinned.


“I made a mess,” said Justin, looking at the come on his chest, on Brian’s chest.


“I think we need a shower.”


“Can I wash you?” Justin asked hopefully, as if it was the treat of a lifetime.


“Sure.”


“OK, then.”


It was very pleasant. Justin soaped him up and rinsed him, with long caressing motions, and kept kissing his lips. Then Justin washed himself quickly, mumbling he needed a wax.


“I haven’t noticed,” said Brian.


“If you ever do, I’ll have left it too long,” Justin answered. “Where do you go? Is there a place around here?”


They got out of the shower. “Uh… Gillian’s.” And he would need a wax soon too.


“I didn’t know they had a Spa.”


“Yes. They do waxings and massages and facials in the daytime.” Brian didn’t add the rest: And they blow you and fuck themselves on your dick as they provide those services…


“What’s the matter?” Shit. Justin was too perceptive by far.


“The waxing… It comes with a complementary blowjob. It distracts from the sting.”


“I bet.”


“I haven’t had a wax since Christmas Eve, Justin.” He wanted to make sure that Justin knew he had told the truth. There hadn’t been any blowjobs, not even therapeutic ones.


“Uh, is there something special about the blow job? A special technique or something?”


Why was he asking? “No. It’s just a blow job.” Was he considering…?


“We could go together. I could blow you, and you could blow me… If it really helps with the sting.”


Brian grabbed Justin and kissed him hard. The idea of someone else blowing Justin, and of Justin enjoying it made him want to vomit. Justin was his. HIS. Fuck. He was losing his mind. Justin had promised. He trusted him completely, just like he wanted Justin to trust him. Mutual blowjobs at Gillian’s sounded fun.


“I think that’s a brilliant idea. It might be the first time in my life I look forward to a wax. When do you want to go in?


“Does it really help?”


“Yes. It does.”


“As soon as possible.”


“How about tomorrow after Pratt? We can wax, and get manicures and pedicures, have dinner, play pool and go dancing.”


“You really never need to leave that place, do you?”


Brian laughed. “Yes, you do. You have to go to work and make tons of money so you can afford the outrageous membership fee…”


“How much does it cost?”


“Do you really want to know?” They were stripping the bed.


“Sure. I like it there. I’m glad you’re a member, and that they allow you one guest.”


“It’s a one time $80,000.00 down payment, and $25,000.00 a year.”


“Wow. And all the people there have paid that?”


“Well there are free guests like you, but you have to be with me the entire time. Then there are paying guests like the guys last night. They have to come in with a member, but they are free to stay. And then there are the Dance club only people. I think it’s $100.00 bucks to get in, but you don’t have access to the rest of the club unless you get picked up by a member.”


They finished remaking the bed. Justin picked up their towels and went to the bathroom to hang them. Brian remembered thinking, before he asked him to move in, that Justin would be like a messy teenager. It was quite the opposite. He was actually very neat, and after this long, if it wasn’t his nature you would think he would have reverted to type. He was really a pleasure to live with.


“I think I’m going to draw for a bit,” said Justin. “Brian?”


“Justin?”


“I’m sorry. I know it’s Saturday night, and here I was asleep at eight. And now it’s ten, and all I want to do is draw a little before going back to bed.“


“Justin, I know I woke you up, but… you were conscious the whole time we were making love, weren’t you?”


Justin grinned.


“Need I say more?” asked Brian, grinning back.


“No. OK.” Justin looked so happy. Brian felt good.


By eleven, Justin was back in bed, asleep. Brian was next to him working, looking at the specs of the new hotel in Vail. The resort had a twist. It was for homosexuals only. There were different areas: a couple’s area, a single’s area, and a family area for gay men with children. The pre-construction studies and the surveys from gay magazine were very promising.


Now they had to sell the concept to paying customers. They were hoping to open their first ski season, next winter, fully booked, but had decided to open at Easter this year to test the waters with discounted week and week-end packages. Brian did not like that concept, but the company had already accepted it by the time the contract had landed on his desk. He had to think of either how to make them change their minds, or how to make the best of a bad situation. He closed his computer.


Justin’s sketchpad was on the headboard-integrated drawers. Would it be OK to look in it or was it an invasion of Justin’s privacy? It was open, though turned face down.


Brian picked it up and turned it over. It was a drawing of him at Gillian’s holding a cue, drawn in exquisite detail, including the shape of his hard on in his pants. Was he really that handsome or was that a view through Justin’s love for him? God. He hoped he looked that good… There was a caption and a date.

 

 

So I blew him in the middle of a pool room. Who could blame me? 02/27/06


There was a portrait of him asleep, and a drawing of his hand. He looked at his hand. It was completely accurate.


There was a drawing of him in his grey Armani, with his white shirt and satin blue tie. It had a caption.

 

 

I know your Daddy misses you especially when he wears the suit, shirt and tie that match the one you wore at the wedding. He loves you very much.


The previous page showed Brandon and Todd making love face to face in the moonlight a couple weeks ago. They had looked gorgeous, and Justin had captured them perfectly, their fingers laced together, and the love in their expressions, mingled with pleasure. Both their bodies were flawlessly represented, and it also had a caption. “Brandon, look at your face, this is the man you love, this is the reason you are choosing to move to New York. This is why you dance with Daphne and Emmett at Babylon and don’t ever trick anymore. Stop lying to yourself.”


The next was a nude drawing of Brian, aroused, a predatory look on his face. "Lucky Justin! You are about to get fucked." Brian chuckled.


There was the portrait of a beautiful old black woman on the bus.


There was a study of a dissected woman’s breast, and Brian shivered, turning the page back quickly.


Lilah, with her hat, and a multitude of her facial expressions.


The twins, caught in a moment of surprise, their similar faces similarly stunned.


A cartoon.


“The Day Brian Kinney Forgot his Pants Or The burden of being a fashion leader.”


The first picture showed Brian leaving the loft, reading the New York Times, pantless.

Brian, passing a woman on the street with a bubble above her head: “Nice suit”;

Passing a well dressed man looking annoyed: “Nobody told me pants were OUT!”;

Passing the Armani store, with Giorgio Armani himself in the window: “Of course, why didn’t I think of that!”, and to all the staff in the store: “Off! Off with the pants!”


Brian was chuckling.


As his avatar walked the streets, the word started spreading:

“If Kinney is not wearing any, neither am I!”;

“Well, I’d heard pants were out, but now I know for sure…”;

And pretty soon, all the businessmen in New York were walking around in their underwear, as Brian continued walking, still reading, on his way to work.


As cartoon Brian got to his office, Cynthia said: “Brian, you forgot your pants! Thank god I just picked up your dry cleaning!” (Cynthia picking up his dry cleaning? That would be the day…)


Cartoon Brian gratefully put on pants. “Wow! What would I do without you, Cynthia? Let me go get you a coffee at Starbucks to thank you!”


And as cartoon Brian stepped back outside, fully dressed, all the businessmen scurried like cockroaches, hiding their bare legs with their briefcases, to go put their pants back on. “Oh, God! Pantless is SO yesterday! Kinney has got his pants ON!!!”


The last picture showed Brian and Justin having breakfast at the loft, Justin, sitting at the bar, eating cereal, saying: “And so, in my dream, you’d forgotten your pants…” And Brian, standing in the kitchen, drinking his coffee straight from the carafe, wearing a tie but no shirt… “Silly Sunshine, I would NEVER forget my pants!”


Brian could just imagine Lindsay reading this to Gus. This was exactly the type of humor a little boy would “get” right away, and love. He looked at the details, and expressions on the faces in the drawings. It must have taken Justin several hours to do. When had he found the time? During taxi rides? On the bus? It was a labor of love. Gus was a lucky little boy.


Brian turned one more page back, and his heart dropped. There was a drawing of a beautiful man, muscular and naked, sitting (on a bed?) with his arms around his knees. A man he didn’t know. One he had never seen. Drawn in loving detail. He turned one more page. That same man from the back, looking right at Justin, over his shoulder. Who was that asshole?


One more page, one more drawing of the man, standing hands on his hips, every muscle well defined, his uncut cock at rest. Brian’s heart was beating in his throat. He wanted to put the sketchbook down, but couldn’t. One more page, one more page and he would. The man again, lying down, one leg folded. Brian was so upset he almost missed the caption. “Feb 11th/06. Drawing from Life. Analysis of muscle placement.”


He put the sketchbook down on his lap, and his face in his hands. God. It was an assignment. Justin had drawn a model in class. This was not… what? A lover? A trick? What had he been thinking, really? That Justin had been having an affair in his spare time? It would be laughable if it weren’t so pathetic.


Brian was jealous. Jealous! Worried earlier that Justin might want to sample a Gillian’s employee blow job while he was getting a wax, hating some poor random model in Justin’s sketchbook. He was just like any other lesbian out there… He had to work at this. He would not start watching Justin like a hawk.


Brian despised jealous people, had never understood them, had laughed at Mikey.


He had thought he would be bigger than this, enjoying knowing Justin was having fun, feeling pleasure. But he simply wasn’t. He had admitted to Todd how Justin fucking someone else would make him feel. And that was all right.


It was all right that he had been so happy when Justin had admitted not fucking anyone since Brandon. He wanted Justin for himself. He wanted to own that ass, own that beautiful cock.


He had admitted he didn’t want to share Justin, and Justin had admitted he didn’t want to share him. They had made the choice to be exclusive. Now he had to trust. Trust the man he loved to keep his promise, trust himself to be loved enough, hot enough, just plain enough so Justin wouldn’t want someone else.


But he did not want to be one of those jealous assholes. He would not be.


If Justin could walk into a hotel room, find an almost naked guy surrounded by discarded clothing and used wrappers of Brian’s brand of condoms, and be told Brian was in the shower, and STILL think Brian had not fucked the guy because he had said he would not, he could do it too.


He looked at his sleeping Sunshine. He felt the surge of love in his heart he always felt now, when he looked at him, or just thought about him. It was beautiful and made his whole being sing. He would not sully it with jealousy, or other petty, negative feelings.


He smiled, thinking back to horny Justin, wanting Brian to fuck him again and again earlier. He felt so lucky. They were so amazingly sexually compatible. In the past, he had never given it much thought, but had he been asked he would have said that his needs were too great to be satisfied by just one man.


Yet Justin did so without any problem, not only always ready and eager, but so many times instigating sex, sucking him in the elevator, jumping on him the minute he walked through the door, or blowing him in the middle of the pool room. Fuck. He was so hot, so sexy, so beautiful. And smart, and funny, and talented.


Brian picked up the sketchpad on his lap, and went back one more page. It was him, in the shower, washing his hair. One more, and here he was, at Plexus, working at his desk. One more, and he was eating Thai food with chopsticks, standing in the kitchen.


One more page back, to the very front, and it was his face, smiling, with an expression he had not known he had, one he was sure only Justin ever saw. It was love, and his face was glowing with it, his eyes saying without words, “I love you, Justin. I love you.”


He knew very well he was a handsome man, but in this portrait, he truly was beautiful. That was what his love for Justin was doing to him. Making him beautiful, inside and out. He grinned and closed the sketchbook. He wanted Justin to know he had looked at it, and to tell him if that made him uncomfortable.


He turned off the light, and molded his body to Justin’s, who instinctively took hold of his arm and hugged it to his chest. Brian took a deep breath of clean, warm and sleepy Justin, closed his eyes, and drifted away.


The bouquet of peonies Brian gave Jessica for her B-day.


This is the Leonard tie Justin picked for Brian to wear.


This is Brandon doing a Jete. Can you imagine that front foot landing in the middle of your back?


Another Brandon pic, dancing.


Last Brandon one. Nice body...

 

Chapter 25 - Sunday. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Sunday


His cock being sucked was by far his favorite way to wake up. He kept his eyes closed, faking sleep, but Justin’s chuckle let him know the gig was up. That warm mouth felt so good, the soft tongue, the tight throat, fuck, it was heaven.


Then a condom went on and Justin was lowering himself on Brian's hard dick, his tight asshole pushed open by the head of his cock until Justin was down all the way, moving up and down, fucking himself shamelessly on his cock. He wanted to see that, and opened his eyes.


Pale skin, golden hair, parted pink plump lips, and his fingers playing with his pink nipples, Justin’s eyes were closed and his pink cock was leaking precome. He looked like a wet dream. Brian put some lube on his hand, and grabbed the pretty bouncing dick, making it all slick and slippery, and watching it go up and down through his fist.


Justin opened his eyes and smiled, and Brian smiled back, squeezing the large rim of Justin’s glans between his fingers and his thumb just the way Justin liked it, to hear him purr. It never failed. Justin bit his lip, and the rosy glow of pleasure appeared on his face, neck and chest. His rectum suddenly felt warmer and tighter, and Justin accelerated his up and down motions, abandoning his nipples to gain purchase on Brian’s hips, angling himself so Brian could feel his cock drag across Justin’s prostate. The sight of a wonton Justin and the feel of the tight channel massaging him again and again were too much. When Justin started short little panting moans of pleasure, he knew he was lost. He was already filling the condom with his come when Justin cried out and came all over his hand and belly, his face so beautiful in his orgasm Brian would have fallen in love with him if he wasn’t madly so already.


Still sitting on his cock, Justin sighed and smiled at him. “That felt good,” he said.


“T’was all right,” said Brian.


Justin giggled as he came off his cock, holding onto the condom. “My body really loves your body,” he commented, slipping it off and tying it up and throwing it into the wastebasket. Then he looked at Brian, smiled and crawled up his body like a hungry cub, rubbing his face on his chest, sniffing his neck, biting his jaw lightly. He lips almost touching Brian’s, he warned, “I’m going to kiss you,” and he did, his tongue a sweet invader probing, asking… Brian rolled them over, and took over the kiss. Justin’s mouth softened, letting him in, accepting his dominance, sighing in delight as Brian invaded it. He loved kissing Justin, always had.


He looked in the blue eyes, pushing the blond silk back from Justin’s forehead, and loved the glow he saw there. He knew Justin held back from telling him he loved him sometimes, to not wear down the words, and have them lose their meaning. But he wanted to hear them now, right now.


“Say it, Justin, please.”


Justin smiled his awesome Sunshine smile. “Oh, Brian… I love you. I love you so much.”


Brian smiled back at him, and wrapped him in his arms, holding him tight for a while, his heart hammering against his chest. God. Would his feelings dull after a while? Please let it be so, or he would die of emotional overload.


He looked again at Justin. “Don’t you have some painting to do? Because I have to work. You can’t expect me to just stay in bed and try to satiate your freakish sexual appetite all day.”


Justin burst out laughing. “I’m meeting Lilah at the studio in an hour. I was supposed to paint yesterday too, and instead I went shopping. I’m going to be there all day and probably until pretty late tonight, if things go well.”


They showered and had bagels for breakfast. Justin wore his old stained 501’s and his “Blond and brain damaged” T-shirt. He packed himself a lunch, went to get his sketchpad from the bedroom to put it in his messenger bag, and was ready to go.


“You looked at my sketches,” he said. It wasn’t a question. Brian had not tried to hide that he had.


“I was curious. I would have asked, but you were sleeping.”


Justin was blushing. “I… They’re kind of personal, you know?”


“I’m sorry if it wasn’t OK. I actually wasn’t sure but I couldn’t resist. But just say the word, Justin, and I promise I’ll never look again.”


“Did you like them?” Justin’s face was scarlet now, and Brian realized how important this was to him.


“I wasn’t so keen on the cut up tit,” he said. “But I loved the picture of Brandon and Todd, and the cartoon you drew. I just keep hoping I am as good looking as you draw me. And the naked guy… Well, I wasn’t real happy to see him there, until I realized he was a model in your Drawing from Life class.” He had invaded Justin’s privacy. He could tell him the truth.


Justin giggled. “Did you think he was your competition or something?”


Brian grabbed his wrists and pushed him against the door, pinning him with his thigh against his crotch. He spoke low in his ear. “It made me insanely jealous. I was going to go out, hunt the fucker down, kill him and have Todd and Brandon help me hide the body. I knew they’d understand…” He kissed Justin hard, possessively.


Then he kissed him lightly on the nose and grinned. “No, Justin. I just thought maybe you liked his muscular built and I know that no matter how much I work out, I’ll never look that beefy. So I was glad he was an assignment, not a fantasy.”


“You are the most beautiful man I know,” said Justin, earnestly. He blushed again and looked away, embarrassed. “I think you’re perfect.”


Brian put his hand on Justin’s cheek, caressing his cheekbone. “Justin, I think you are the most beautiful man I know. You are perfect.”


“You don’t have to say that,” protested Justin. “I know what I look like and I’m OK with…”


“I can look at Brandon,” Brian interrupted,” and see that he looks exquisite. I think Todd has a very fine body. We go to Gillian’s, and some of the men there are beautiful. But I look at you… I get hard instantly. Your ass, your thighs, your lithe body, your cock, your angel face, everything about you is perfect, Justin. No one even compares. Trust me. You are so beautiful.”


Justin searched Brian’s face. Then he smiled a shy smile. “You mean that, don’t you… I’m… I’m really glad you think so.” Today was apparently Justin’s day for blushing. Brian kissed his lips lightly.


“I’ve got to go,” Justin said, regretfully.


“Happy painting” said Brian.


“Always,” said Justin, brightening. “Later.”


“Later.”


Brian stretched. His muscles were sore from his workout the day before, but in a good way. It was inconvenient for Justin not to have a studio in the loft. He would talk to him again about it. But for now he had a lot of calls to make. He would start with the most important one.


“Brandon.”


“Hey, it’s Brian.”


“You guys OK? You left awfully early yesterday.”


“We’re fine. Justin has been really tired lately. He fell asleep before eight, if you can believe that. He’s just been burning the candle from both ends, and it’s catching up with him.”


“You’re taking care of him. That’s nice. He seems really happy, Brian.”


This was Brandon, so he could just say it. “I love him. I’m really happy too.”


“You are turning into an embarrassment to all studs of Babylon past and future, you know that, right?” Brandon chuckled, “And since I am too, it’s a good thing we will both live in New York, so our reputations can remained untouched, and we can still be an inspiration to young promiscuous fags…”


“Speaking of. I have heard a rumor that you are not tricking anymore.”


“Not a rumor. A fact, I’m afraid… I spent two days fucking Oliver, and I mean fucking him hard. That man is a top’s dream, as you well know. And I’m not going to lie. It was a lot of fun. But then I had to go back to Pittsburgh and at the airport, I was sad. Seriously. Because I’d been in New York and I had not seen Todd. And I don’t mean I had not fucked Todd. I mean seen him. Talked to him. Spend time just hanging out with him.


“Then I got back and after work, I went to Babylon. It was good to dance, and you know what it’s like, they just circle like sharks and you have your pick. One of them was one hell of a dancer, and it was fun to grind against him. Then he said, “Take me to the back room, and fuck me, fuck me hard…” and hell. I just could not be bothered. I told him “What makes you think you’re worth my time?” and he dropped to his knees, opened my fly and started sucking me in the middle of the dance floor. And he was pretty good at it. I mean, I have ten inches of dick to swallow, it’s not exactly a piece of cake. Justin gave me the best head because he… Fuck, Brian. I’m sorry. That was extremely thoughtless of me…”


“Brandon. I know Justin sucked your cock. More than once. And believe me, I know how good he is at it…so never mind. Just go on…”


“Well, this kid was doing all right, but I just closed my eyes and thought about Todd doing it, and I missed him. So I pulled out of the trick’s mouth and told him he’d been fantastic but I remembered I left the oven on and I had to go home…”


Brian laughed.


“What?”


“I told mine I left the iron on.”


“No shit. That’s funny. Now, not to belabor the point, but OK, Justin gives the best blowjobs, hands down. But Todd, well Todd does it with love, you know? He’s great at it, but also, he means something by it. That makes his blowjobs…amazing. He makes love to my cock with his mouth. And fucking him, well it’s not really fucking, you know? It’s making love, because every stroke, every caress means so much to him.


“So tricking would feel so lame after that. And then, the last time we four fucked, and I watched you and Justin, I realized you two really belong together. I told Justin that I loved him as I came. I know you know that. And I did. But then, each wave of that orgasm was like saying goodbye, like accepting that there would always be love for me in Justin’s heart, but never passion.


“And after I came, Todd kissed me. And it was like a revelation. This is what it’s like to be kissed by someone who loves you. And now that somehow I had finally let go of my overwhelming feelings for Justin, I realized that sweet warmth in my chest as I was holding Todd, and that desire to make him happy, to kiss him just for the hell of it, to look into his eyes while we come…That was love too. And I was so fucking happy.


“And now, it’s like I’ve finally woken up to how incredibly lucky I am to have found him, to how much I have grown to love him in the weeks since New Years, though it was hidden by my crazy love for Justin. Justin was the first guy I ever had feelings for. It was so new and overwhelming, I couldn’t get over it for a long time. Now that I understand that, mostly because Daphne beat me upside the head with it, it’s like the feelings are still there, but shrunk to their real size. I love Justin, and it’s weird, I’m sure, but through him, I love you, too. But Todd. Fuck. He is the most important thing in my life. I see him, and I smile, you know? I love the way he smells, I love his voice, I love his laugh, I have to control myself not to touch him all the time.


“I have no desire to trick anymore. I go dancing with Daphne, Emmett, Blake. I’m afraid I co-opted your friends. Well, except Michael. He does not like me. It doesn’t help that it amuses Ben to no end that Michael gets jealous if Ben even looks in my direction. Behind that kindly professorial demeanor is one evil guy. He just loves to make Michael froth at the mouth.


“I don’t trick, I have no desire to. The only man I want is Todd. And I can’t believe I said we shouldn’t move in together. I hate being apart. I hate not sleeping with him.”


“Brandon?”


“What?”


“Why haven’t you told Todd you don’t trick anymore?”


“It never seemed to bother him that I did. And I don’t want to freak him out, you know? I love him, I don’t trick, I want to move in together… He’s going to run screaming. Why?”


“Brandon, if I told you that Todd is going to Essengy, and fucking guys against the walls in the lounge, and having his cock sucked once or twice a night. How would you feel?”


“He’s not, is he?”


“No, you ass. Of course not. But how does the thought of it make you feel?”


“Hurt. Betrayed. Scared. Really, really sad, and fuck me, that's how Todd feels, isn’t it? Every time I leave and go back to the Pitts, he feels this way, and I am such an idiot. Why haven’t I told him?”


“Because you’re a big fat jerk. Just like me. Every time I went out alone, Justin thought I fucked other guys, and I kind of knew it, but I didn’t tell him anyway, until I saw how much he hurt because he was too exhausted to hide it. I talked to Todd when you slept here, after you and Justin fell asleep. Tell him, Brandon. It’s killing him and he would never ask you to stop, because, just like Justin, he doesn’t want you to feel shackled.”


“Brian?”


“What?”


“Thanks.”


“You’re welcome. And there is a price to pay for my excellent advice.”


Brendon chuckled. “I am not sucking your cock, Kinney.”


“Only one man has that privilege, and it’s not you, handsome. Seriously. Come hell or high water, even if you have to quit your job, I need you on Friday the 26th of March, from 6:00pm on. The only way I’d need you more would be if I had to hide a body.”


Brandon burst out laughing. “ All right. You got me.”


“I need Todd too. Please make sure he’s free.”


“Brian, we took on some thugs with baseball bats for you. We’ll be there. What is it about?”


Brian told him, and Brendon knew exactly why he loved Brian as much as he loved Justin.

 

*****



“Ben Bruckner.”


“Oh good, I’m glad you answered and not Mikey. Can you pretend you’re talking to someone from work?”


“It’s Sunday for Pete’s sake. This has better be important, Simon.”


“That was good! You are very devious, Ben.”


“All right. Shoot.”


“I would like to send you, your blabbermouth husband, and your angel of a son tickets to New York and put you up so you guys can come to Justin’s opening, but also to a surprise dinner for him Friday the 26th of March. Surprise being a key word here, and the reason I do NOT want Mikey to know. He is your husband. I’m sure you know exactly what I mean.”


“I do indeed. Not a problem. Formal?”


“Semi”


“Fine. And I assume I have to remind you of my office address, since last time your thesis ended up with Anton Bruckner in the music department?”


Brian chuckled. Brandon had Ben pegged. He wrote down the address, and got to the third person on his list.

 

*****

 

“Hello?”


“Mrs. Hammon? You answer your phone with ‘Hello’? You, of all people?”


“Brian? What do you expect? I’m old. I was born before phones were invented.”


“Yes. And the dinosaurs roamed the earth. That is the most ridiculous excuse. If you ever answer your phone with ‘Hello’ again, I will tell everyone that you worked as a stripper to put yourself through law school.”


Jessica laughed. “And how did you find out about that?”


“Alexander Graham Bell told me you were hot.”


She laughed again. “So, Brian. What would you like me to say, from now on, when I answer the phone?”


“Surprise me, next time I call. But enough banter. Very good cake, yesterday.”


“Very nice peonies. Did our boy get some sleep?”


“Ah. Wise woman. Yes, ten hours. He needed them.”


“Yes. He is so talented and smart, it’s easy to forget how young he is. I think he’s still growing even.”


“I think so too, maybe half an inch since September.”


“So. What can I do for you Brian?”


“You can be honest and tell me if I am way out of line.”


“As if I would not without that request?”


“Good point. You, my dear Lady, are the only millionaire I know with an apartment occupying an entire floor on Fifth Avenue. How many bedrooms do you have?”


“Thirteen, not counting mine.”


“And you have a ridiculously large dining room?”


“It sits forty quite comfortably. Fifty in a pinch.”


“Ballroom?”


She laughed. “How did you guess? You are going somewhere with this, or are you just an incredibly nosy parker?”


He told her. She was thrilled. They talked another hour, ironing out details. She loved her boys. They made her life ever so much more exciting…


Brian spoke to Emmett, and Ted, and Daphne. Then he got to the tough ones.


“This is Molly.”


“Hello, Molly. My name is Brian Kinney, and I am a friend of your brother’s”


“Hello, Brian, and you are my brother’s lover, the man he is crazy about, and lives with.”


“…Alright then. You guys e-mail regularly I take it.”


“Yep.”


“You know about his show?”


“The 27th? At the Bryce Kindall Gallery? No.”


“Would you like to be there?”


“Does a bear shit in the woods?”


“Could you come on Friday to attend a surprise dinner I’m planning for him?”


“You’re buying the fucking ticket. Get me there, I’ll be there…”


“Mention it to him, and you will not live to graduate high school.”


“Send me two tickets and I’ll bring my mom.”


“I was hoping you’d say that.”


“Any boys my age at your shindig?”


“Yes indeed.”


“Cool. I’ll make myself pretty. Is that it?”


“I believe so.”


“Justin scanned me a drawing of you. You are a very good-looking man. But hurt my brother, and I will disfigure you myself.”


“A pleasure talking to you, Molly.”


“And to you, Brian.”


Well. That had been fun. Brian could not wait for Molly and Hunter to meet…

 

*****


 

“Captain Horvath”


“Hello, Carl. This is Brian Kinney.”


“Oh! Hi, Brian. How are you?”


“Great. Listen, I was wondering if you could free yourself at work so you and Debbie could come to Justin’s opening and for a surprise dinner I am throwing him that Friday night.”


“I’m sorry, Brian. I just made Captain. I work every weekend. I’m sure Debbie would love to come, though.”


“I know she would. So do you work Friday evenings as well? I noticed you left Drew and Emmett’s wedding early.”


“Eight to Midnight. It won’t be forever, but there are three of us rotating, and I’m the newbie.”


“I was afraid of that… That’s why I called you at work actually, instead of calling Deb. Carl… You sent us to get some ice. Justin and I might have talked eventually, but… we will never know, will we? You gave me the opportunity to convince him to give me a chance. Can you free up Friday the 26 of March?”


“Really, Brian, I’m sorry, but I can’t.”


So Brian told him why he had to, and Carl traded with another Captain for Easter Sunday, the only Sunday he had off in six months. He chuckled. Deb was going to kill him. Twice.

 

*****


 

“All that Jazz dance studio, how can I help you?” The girl lived in New York and sounded as if she came from the Valley.


“Hello. I need some dance lessons.”


“The easiest is for you to go on the internet, look at our class schedule and register and pay thorough the web.” You could tell she said that about twenty times a day.


“That's fine, but I was hoping to get some private lessons.”


“Oh. We hardly ever do those. Only two of out instructors do privates, Amanda and Dennis. It’s fifty dollars an hour, and a twenty five dollar fee if you miss your appointment.” It was obvious she thought those prices would scare him off…


“Sounds good. When can I start?”


“Let me look at their schedules. The next opening is with Amanda, tomorrow at five, or Dennis, Tuesday at 5:30.”


“The one with Dennis, please.”


“OK. What’s your name?”


“Brian. Brian Kinney.”


“I thought you were a man! Are you sure you want Dennis? It’s usually easier to learn from the opposite sex.”


She thought he was a man? “I’m gay. I will be dancing with a man anyway, Dennis seems perfect.”


“Oh, wow. That’s weird. Dennis is gay too.”


A dance instructor? No… “Really? What an amazing coincidence…”


“That’s what I’m thinking too! It’s like Kismet or something. Maybe you guys will fall in love or something…”


“Did I mention I was taking these lessons so I could dance with a man?”


“Oh, yeah…” Giggles. “Your boyfriend, right?”


“Riiight.”


“Oh, well. Poor Dennis… See you Tuesday.”

 

*****




His last phone call was to Gillian’s, to make the appointments for their waxing, manicure, and pedicure. He explained their desire to blow each other during the waxing, and was told that was really sweet. After hanging up, Brian thought that if the receptionist had ever benefited from a Sunshine blowjob, he would know there was nothing sweet about it…


He put the phone down with relief. His neck was stiff. He decided exercise was the answer, and pulled out his running clothes. He ran seven miles easily, watching CNN, drank a bottle of water and was in the middle of his third set of abs when the phone rang.


“Kinney”


“Brian, this is Andrew. Hey. Some guy called from Justin’s old school in LA wanting to talk to him. I explained he’d moved out to live with you and gave him your address.”


“Thanks, Andrew…”


“Brian. I’m sorry. …I told him you were his uncle.”


“What? Why in the world would you say that?”


“I’ve been wondering that for half an hour. I guess I grew up with all these notions, and they are just there, you know? Like deep down inside I think it’s better to live with your uncle than your gay lover. I…You know I really like Justin. I like you too. But then shit like that comes out of my mouth and I realize I must be a closet homophobe. I’m really sorry.”


“That’s it, Andrew. Next time we’re going out to Essengy, you are coming with us again, and we are not taking Lilah. You don’t live in Kansas anymore…”


“Eastern Washington…”


“Same thing, apparently. We need to enculturate you. You’re an artist for fuck’s sake. You can't go around with your head full of your Aunt Mabel’s notions.”


“Hey! My Aunt Mabel is really nice, and she bakes a mean boysenberry pie!”


“You actually have an aunt Mabel?”


“Of course not. But you’re right. I live in New York, and I never do anything, just as if I was still in Moses Lake, where the big excitement is the big wheel rally in September. I need to get out. Or I’m going to go back home after Pratt and start painting sunsets. I’m not sure about Essengy, though…”


“Hey, you had a good time, last time…”


“God, yes! It was like I left all my inhibitions at the door! It was a blast.” He laughed. “I ended up with a girl though…”


“What happened with her?”


“She gave me her number, but the next day, I was too shy to call. And it’s been so long now…”


“Give her a call, Andrew. Get out of Kansas. Or else, it’s Essengy for you.”


Andrew laughed. “Oh, all right. What’s the worst that can happen? She won’t remember me, or won't talk to me because she thinks I’m a jerk. I’ll call.”


“Good for you. See you, Andrew.”


“Oh! Brian!”


“What?”


“The guy from LA? Turns out he’s in town and wanted to see Justin. I think he might come by your place…”


“What does he want with my nephew?”


Andrew laughed. “I have no idea. He said something about the Sonia McPhee Gallery, but I was freaking out about the uncle bit and trying to figure out how to back pedal…”


“Don’t worry about it. We’ll figure it out.”


“OK. Bye, Brian.”


Brian finished his five sets of abs, drank another bottle of water and added one set for good measure. Andrew was a good guy. He realized his prejudices and had the good sense to want to do something about them. But what about the millions like him who didn’t? Debbie would say, “You educate them…” It could be a lot worse. He could have been born fifty or sixty years earlier.


He got up from his mat, rolled it up, folding and putting the treadmill away as well. He stripped to get in the shower and stood naked in front of the full length mirror in the bathroom.


“You are the most beautiful man I know,” had said Justin today. Brian wanted him to feel that way for the rest of their lives. Justin was twelve years younger than him, and, let’s face it, looked more eighteen than twenty-three years old. They looked fantastic together. He never wanted people to see them and actually think Sunshine was his nephew, unless they’d been lied to by Andrew, that is… Then he could be Justin’s mother’s much, much younger half sibling… He cracked up.


He wondered who was coming from LA. A teacher? Maybe the one that had organized the expo there since he had mentioned the Gallery where Brian had bought the painting. He went to get his phone to call Justin and tell him about it, but before he had time to dial, the intercom buzzer rang.


Brian threw his running shorts and his wife beater back on, and went to answer.


“Hello? I’m looking from Justin Taylor?”


“Come on up.”


Brian dialed Justin. It rang and went to voicemail. The phone must be in his bag. The guy from LA stepped off the elevator. That was no teacher. A classmate perhaps? He smiled at Brian, checking him out… as Brian gestured him in.


“Hi, you must be Justin’s uncle. I’m Ethan. Ethan Gold. I’m a friend of Justin’s from LA. I’m in New York for a music competition and I figured I’d look him up.”


Ethan was small. 5’8” maybe? And probably looked better dressed than he would naked. He had artistic hair, and a ridiculous little patch of beard under his lower lip. He did have a nice smile and seemed full to the brim of nervous energy. He was obviously gay, since besides registering very high on Brian’s gaydar, he was also still checking him out. Who could blame him?


“I’m sorry, Ethan. Justin is at the studio, painting, this afternoon. I just tried to contact him, but his cell must be in his bag.” God. He needed to shower. “Listen. I just finished working out and I really need a shower, can I offer you something to drink? You can make yourself comfortable and I’ll be right back.”


“Sure. Do you have a beer?”


Brian got a beer out of the fridge, a glass out of the cupboard, put them on the coffee table and handed him the remote.


“I’ll be right out,” he said.


He closed the bedroom panels, took his clothes back off, went into the bathroom, closed the door and dialed Justin again.


“Justin Taylor.” Brian smiled. He couldn’t help it.


“Justin. Some friend of yours from LA is in New York for some competition, and just dropped by to say hi.”


“Really? Graham, blond hair, real tall and skinny? Or Matt? Hispanic, cute smile, pleasantly plump?”


“Neither. Ian, short, stupid little beard patch.”


“…”


“Justin?”


“That’s my ex-boyfriend. The last time I saw him he was bent over a piano bench with his accompanist's cock up his ass.”


“Ha.”


“Brian? Had it been Graham or Matt, I would have asked you to send them over so we could chat while I painted, but I have zero desire to see Ethan. I don’t think I’ve thought about him more than once since I left LA. He is a very good violinist, but that’s pretty much the extent of his saving graces, once you realize all the romantic bullshit is just lip service. Why don’t you hand the phone to him, and I’ll send him on his way.”


“I had just finished working out when he showed up, and I’m about to step in the shower. Call you back in fifteen? Or I can just tell him you're not interested, and send him out the door.”


“You can try that. I doubt it will work though. He can be annoyingly insistent. If it doesn’t work, give me a call back. You should see the painting I just started. It’s a 4X4, and I was using a computer designed one, but then it took off.” He laughed. “It’s like I can’t get the paint to dry fast enough. Lilah lent me her blowdryer. Like now, I just finished this layer of dove grey, and the next color, this light lemon yellow is all mixed, and I'm checking every thirty seconds to see if it’s dry yet.”


He laughed again, obviously totally jazzed by his painting, the visitor from LA completely gone from his mind. “Brian, you’re going to love it. God. I can’t wait to finish it and show it to you. It’s all there in my head already, and it’s beautiful. I love you so much. It’s dry! I’ve got to go. I wish you were here.”


“Sunshine?”


“Yes?”


“Enjoy yourself. Later. “


“Later.”


Well, as soon as he was out, he would get rid of the piano bench Lothario. No way was he going to disturb Justin again. He started the water and stepped in, hurrying with his soaping. It was strange showering alone. He was rinsing his hair when the shower door opened, and he smiled automatically, thinking of Justin. Who was painting…


Fuck! The fiddler was in the shower, naked, looking all come hither.


“What the fuck do you think you’re doing, asshole?” asked Brian.


“Come on, I saw you smile! You’ve been in here for half an hour.” Ethan chuckled. “I saw the way you were looking at me… and you are hot.” He got to his knees and started to come towards Brian’s cock. Brian backed away precipitously, accidentally hitting the temperature control, the water suddenly ice cold.


He moved out of the way of the jets that landed on Ethan from both front and back. Brian left the shower. “Here, a cold shower is exactly what you need. Then you can get dressed and get the fuck out of here.”


Brian dried himself with a hot towel, and was in jeans with underwear, a wife beater and a button down shirt in about thirty seconds. He pushed the asshole’s clothes into the bathroom with his foot, and closed the door.


Then he went into the living room, poured himself a glass of J&B, and started laughing. He was still chuckling when Ian, or whatever his name was came out of the bedroom, managing to look both sheepish and stubborn.


“I obviously misread your signals,” he said.


“No shit,” said Brian.


“Listen. I lied. I’m not just a friend of Justin's. We’d been together for two years when I … made a mistake last year. But I still love him. I came here today to get him back. I just know he still loves me. “


“And to prove your profound feelings you get in the shower and try to blow his…uncle?”


“It was an error in judgment. I'm sure you have made those. You are…very attractive.”


“I lied too, Ian…”


“Ethan,”


“Whatever. I am not Justin’s uncle. I am his boyfriend. And I want you to get the fuck out of our home in the next thirty seconds, or I will kick your ass.”


“You’re just afraid,” said Ethan, backing away towards the door. “You’re afraid that if he saw me again, he’d leave you in a heartbeat… I know him. We made love on the beach, on the rooftop, we made love for hours and it was perfect, you could never give him that.”


Brian smiled, went back to the bedroom and pressed the button that opened all the panels as well as the electric shutters. Justin’s painting, behind their bed, appeared in all its glory. Ethan flinched.


“This, little man, is what sex should feel like when you love someone. I understand you are not fond of this painting. As you can see, it is in the bedroom where Justin and I make love every day.


“Why do you think I was so long in the bathroom? Who do you think I was calling on the phone? You are not worth interrupting his painting again. He dismissed you from his mind in two sentences. Now get out, and crawl back under whatever rock you came from. Disturb us in our home again, and I’ll have you arrested for trespassing. Shoo.”


Brian closed the door, and went back to his drink. Thirty seconds later he was laughing again. And he knew just who to call to share the mirth.


“Brandon.”


“Brian again. You are not going to believe this…”


To be continued...

 

Chapter 26 - Sunshine's Sunday. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Sunshine's Sunday



Finally the yellow layer was dry. He felt as if all day he’d done nothing but wait for the paint to dry. Which was bullshit of course. He had also prepared two more canvases, organized his cart, chatted with Lilah… But all that was filling time while the paint dried…


He did not really want to start another painting at the same time as he worked on this one. That had been mostly possible when he worked on Jessica’s portrait, because it was so different than anything else he was doing, had ever done, and was ever likely to do.


This painting was the closest he would ever get again to a portrait probably, and only the few people who knew him might sense Brandon in it. There was beauty, there was love, there was raw sexual power, there was grace, but mostly and overwhelmingly there was barely contained feral strength.


Not what one would expect of a painting inspired by a ballet dancer. But Justin knew the man behind the hyper-refined mask, who treated fragile, lithe ballerinas like precious crystals. The man capable of doing one handed push ups and pull ups, in absolute control of a body trained to its maximum abilities, who could use that body like a weapon. Watching him dance, people might see the grace of a crane, or a swan. Justin saw through the appearances. What he saw was a jaguar.


The vermillion was brighter than fresh blood. In Justin’s mind it was the color of strength. It was a difficult color to work with. So dominant, so vibrant, so opaque, which was why it was perfect here. It was also highly toxic since he was working with the now little utilized mercury sulphide. The accents on the dove grey and on the lemon yellow were shocking. The contrast would mellow when he added the next color. It would be aquamarine dissolved in a lot of turpentine and a little varnish. The grey would go bluish grey, like smoke, ethereal, and the yellow would go pale celadon green, the color of these ultra fragile antique Japanese porcelains. The vermillion, he hoped, would come through a little more brown, like a shadow of itself, the strength behind the appearances. That was the plan anyway, and he would not find out UNTIL THE PAINT DRIED! Then would come the sienna, earth, root, immutable. Everything seemed to take so long today. Lilah was laughing at him, asking him why he was in such a hurry. He smiled. She was right.


He went back to the computer, and to the painting he had planned on making when he had first arrived. He liked it, he really did, so how it had gotten derailed to this completely different painting, he had no idea.


Why not start this one as well after all? He would paint both in parallel. The originally planned one, and the one ‘appropriated’ by Brandon. That’s what he would do. He had painted abstracts and the portrait together because they were so different. He could paint these two together because they were born of the same design.


He got a new 4X4 blank canvas, and started with the base of ultramarine. He did not let himself be tempted by the charcoal black or the titanium white this time. He spread the blue over the entire surface in a smooth even layer, the pigment perfectly even. By the time he was done, the vermillion on the first painting had dried.


More ultramarine, turpentine, varnish. A thin transparent coat over the surface of the first painting. The grey did turn blue grey, and the yellow the desired pale fragile looking green. The vermillion explosions were mellowed to an easier color, and he let it dry again.


Back to the computer. To follow his earlier designed model the next color he needed was turquoise. He hesitated between phtalo turquoise and cobalt turquoise, and decided for phthalo, as the cobalt turquoise could look almost teal, a color he disliked. There was not much needed. He was shocked when in the middle of painting, he got a feeling of wrongness.


The turquoise accents were delicate, beautiful, but he took a cloth dipped in turpentine and cleaned them up. He told Lilah what was happening.


“…It’s so weird. It just felt all wrong.”


“Take a break. Come here and tell me what you think.”


He looked at Lilah’s painting, and smiled. It was nice, intricate swirls of colors, snail shaped or curlycues, with red, turquoise, orange. It didn’t mean anything but it was beautiful and visually entertaining.


“I like it.”


“I do too, except it looks like a scarf design an artist from the sixties would have rendered while on acid.”


Justin burst out laughing. It was totally true.


“I am not a true artist, Justin. I cannot make my canvas make the viewer feel something like you do, though we will agree that that is your unique gift. Even without that. I like pretty colors, and pretty pictures. I’m an illustrator, at best. I’ll never make a living from my “art”. I’ll own a gallery, because I have a knack for knowing what’s good and what will sell. On the side I’ll illustrate children’s books, design material for ties, and have six red headed babies with Max. And I’ll be disgustingly happy.” She smiled.


Justin agreed with her. “Maybe you can still paint as a hobby and come keep me company in my studio…”


She grinned. “I can come and illustrate in your studio. I’ll need a place to get away from the six kids… Ok. Show me what you got.”


They moved to Justin’s painting. “Wow. That’s the second time you’ve done this with the varnish. In the Summertime one you made everything golden, and here, you hid everything in the shadows. Is that true vermillion? Isn’t it amazing how opaque it is? What color wash did you use to make the light go away?”


“I didn’t think of it that way, but you are right. It looks cast in shadow, now. I used aquamarine.”


“Are you going to add more, like in Summertime?”


“Yes. Sienna. And probably a bunch of others as well.”


Then she looked at the new painting, and at the computer plan for it that was giving Justin so much trouble.


“That’s nice,” she said. “You’d done the turquoise and it felt wrong?”


“Well, not all of it. About a third, maybe. OK. I’ll get back to work on the other one. It’s probably dry.”


She smiled. “You’re so excited about that one.”


He walked to his first painting. It was dry, ready for the sienna. He extruded some sienna onto his palette and picked up a brush, biting his lower lip. He needed light touches at the bottom of the painting. He started. The color was perfect, exactly what he’d had in mind, and he worked quickly, his hand motions smooth, even, perfectly controlled. He got completely absorbed in it…Next time he looked up it was getting dark. Where had the time gone? The sienna was on. He loved it.


He went back to the new painting, and looked at the computer model. There was vermilion red here too, a small square of it in the upper right hand corner. He added a bit of turpentine to the vermillion red left on his palette, and put some on his brush. He looked at the beautiful base of deep blue, and just couldn’t do it. It just felt wrong.


He got out his sketchpad, and sat to the side of Lilah, who was absorbed in her work. He sketched her profile quickly, the tip if her tongue between her lips, her wild hair, her freckles. He went back to his painting, and once again, thought about the turquoise and the red. No. Definitely not. He washed the vermillion and the turquoise off the brushes and off the palette, closed his computer, and looked at the field of aquamarine.


What it needed was white, pure white, titanium white. He got some out, and added it to the beautiful blue surface tapping it on with a round hard bristled brush. Zinc oxide white was next, white as well of course, but with a different depth, a thin, thin line followed the titanium white like lace, delineating the separation between the blue and the white. It was delicate, intricate work, and he loved every second of it.


He smiled. So far, it looked like a piece of that well known Japanese painting of a wave, magnified twenty times. It just called for cadmium yellow. He added some to the upper left corner. Lovely spirals with intertwined dots, like flowers hanging.


He went back to his painting of Brandon. Well, not Brandon, obviously, since it was totally abstract. He felt it was getting close, the strength hidden, shadowed behind the apparent delicacy, but with balance, rooted. It needed a touch of turquoise between the blue grey, and the pale green. The color of Bandon’s eyes, that time when Justin had almost kissed him, a window to his soul.


Not without apprehension, he extruded a small amount of phthalo turquoise on his palette again. It was a touch too green, and he added some cobalt blue. Then he dipped his brush in it, and added it to the canvas, looking as if it was ripping through the grey and the green. Perfect. Something was still missing, but he was tired and it was getting late. He set the canvas in his cubby to dry.


He looked at his new painting. It had promise. Already he could feel the call of a rich orange and a glossy green. Was this the only way he would ever be able to paint now? Just driven by the colors at the moment of creation? Was that the problem? Was it just this particular design that just didn’t work for him anymore or was it all his computer-designed paintings he would have to abandon?


He tried to remember when he had planned this particular one. He looked it up. July. Hm. That didn’t ring any bells. Oh, well. He packed everything up. He would not be painting tomorrow. Brian and he were going to Gillian’s. Wax, manicure, pedicure, dinner, pool, and dancing Brian had said. Suddenly the idea of going to the orgy room afterward to fuck turned him on so much he felt himself blush. Well, it shouldn’t be too hard convincing Brian…


Justin looked at the time. It was almost eight. He wondered if Brian was going out tonight.


“Lilah, put your stuff away. It’s time to go. I’m going to get a cab. I’ll drop you off, OK?”


“Cool!”


Justin dialed the loft. The phone was busy. That’s right. The Sunday night ‘Get high, talk and watch a movie with Mikey’ ritual. Justin smiled. He called a cab.


When he entered the loft, and quietly put his shoes and coat in the entry closet. The smell of pot was pretty pervasive and it wasn’t even nine yet. The lights were off except for the egg shaped floor one by the couch in the TV area and the low lights in the bedroom. Brian was watching Planet of the Apes the original, with Charlton Heston, that homophobic gun loving prick, the phone to his ear, saying “Uhuh,” once in a while. Justin tried to sneak by to not interrupt, but Brian sensed him, turned around and smiled.


“Sunshine just came home. Hold on a minute, I’ll be right back.” Brian put the phone on the couch next to him and gestured for Justin to come over. Smiling, Justin complied, dropping his bag on the stairs to the bedroom. Brian raised his arms in a gesture so similar to Gus’s asking for a hug that Justin chuckled.


He walked around the loveseat, and complied with Brian's mute demand, kneeling on the couch and giving him a hug, Brian holding him tight, his hand in Justin’s hair. He went to kiss Brian, but Brian whispered, “No. Pot. Funky breath.” Justin giggled, and Brian caressed his face, smiling. Justin got up again and Brian picked the phone back up. “I’m back. What did I miss?”


Justin had some reading to do for school. He went and took a quick shower mostly to make sure all the toxic vermillion was off his hands. He noticed a longish curly brown hair on the shower floor and rinsed it down the drain. He got out. There were two more of those hairs by the sink. Puzzled, he picked them up with a piece of toilet paper and flushed them down the toilet. Neither Brian nor he had hair loss problems, and they both cleaned up after themselves anyway.


Oh, dear god. He knew this hair. Ethan. Ethan had been at the loft this afternoon (or was it morning?) He’d completely forgotten. He could totally picture what had happened. Brian, getting in the shower; Ethan, thinking the shower bit was an invitation, coming in to join him. He could just imagine Brian’s reaction… He grinned.


He wished he’d been a fly on the wall. How long had it taken from there to the moment Brian slammed the door on his waddling ass? Ten minutes? Justin laughed to himself. Poor Brian. Attacked in the shower by Justin’s horny ex-boyfriend… He deserved some kind of compensation.


Justin put in a nipple ring, grabbed some lube and went back to the TV area, completely nude. Brian looked at him, a bit surprised, but eyes shining.

 

 

“I’m sure he’ll get over it. There’ll be other girls, smarter ones…”

 

 

Brian and Mikey were talking about Hunter. Justin and Hunter e-mailed all the time. He knew about the break up already. Hunter seemed philosophical about it. He blocked Brian’s conversation from his mind and put the tube of lube on top of the TV.


He started running his hands up and down his naked torso, moving to the slow beat of Paula Cole’s Feelin' Love playing in his head, caressing himself, playing with the nipple ring he had just put back in, caressing his thighs. Brian’s eyes were following his hands. Justin added some lube to his right hand, and started playing with his hardening cock, still caressing himself with his left, losing himself in it, closing his eyes, feeling Brian’s heated gaze like another hand on his body. Then, staring right at Brian, and licking his lips, he started jerking off, his cock going up and down through his fist.


Then he smiled his sexiest smile, and walked sensuously over to the loveseat. He put his crotch close enough to Brian’s face that he knew Brian could smell his scent, his arousal. He ran his left hand down Brian’s body, all the way to his jeans. Brian was nice and hard. He opened the fly and was surprised to find underwear. He lowered both on the long sexy legs and removed them. He took himself in hand again and made sure Brian could see him pleasure himself as he bend down and took Brian’s lovely erection in his mouth.


Justin loved Brian’s dick. He suckled the head, played with the slit, circled the glans with his tongue. Some precome oozed out and he sucked on that hungrily. He took Brian's cock as deep as he could into his mouth, about a third down, and moved up and down a few times. Brian’s hand was in his hair, caressing it. He looked up at Brian. His eyes were riveted on Justin’s own cock, which he was still milking in his fist. He relaxed his throat and swallowed Brian down until his nose was in his pubic hair. Brian hissed in pleasure. Mikey must have said something, because he replied, “Yes, there was not much else you could have said, but still…” Mikey had taken the hiss as disapproval. Oops.


Better finish this off. Justin bobbed his head happily, working Brian’s cock in and out of his throat, and sped up his fist to the same rhythm, running his thumb through his own precome. Fuck. He never jerked himself off while blowing Brian, and he now realized how arousing doing so was… He was very close. He looked up at Brian, who was licking and biting his lips, still staring at his hand, at the pink head of his cock slipping in and out of his fist. He really got off on watching Justin jerk off.


About to come, Justin took Brian’s whole length in again and purred, as he shot spunk all over Brian’s leg. Two seconds later, Brian’s entire body stiffened, and he came deep down Justin’s throat, eyes closed, letting out a sound that sounded like a growl. His body relaxed as Justin milked the last drop of come into his mouth by tightening his lips around the shaft on the way up. Hummm…


“…I just stubbed my fucking toe on the coffee table, that’s what. I was getting up for another water, and all the lights are off…. Justin? He’s asleep already. We get up at 5:00 you know… Because I like to be at work at 7:00, that’s why… About a half hour. We leave the loft at 6:30… No, it doesn’t take an hour and a half to get ready, Mikey… What do you think we do? We fuck… Yes, every morning… Sometimes we fuck again in the shower. Some days we hardly make it out the door on time…Well if you don’t want to hear it, don’t fucking ask!... What do you mean why don’t we fuck in the evening instead? Of course we fuck in the evening… yes, and in the morning, and often in the afternoon too!... Oh, for fuck's sake, Mikey, nature gave you a dick. Use it!”


During his entire speech, Brian had been watching as Justin cleaned his leg with his tongue, looking right at him. Brian's cock was getting hard again already, but Justin put Brian’s underwear back on and answered the raised eyebrows by whispering directly in his ear, “Keep talking to Mikey. I’ve got to study.” He was straightening back up when Brian caught his arm. Justin looked at him questioningly. Brian just stared at him for a few moments, rolling in his lips, his eyes full of love, then he blinked and smiled, and went back to Mikey.


Justin did his required reading. It was almost 10:00. He should go to sleep… But he wanted to sketch the expression on Brian’s face while Justin had been licking the come off his leg. He put away his book, took out his pad, and pencil, and drew quickly. He was getting hard just remembering the nascent lust in the hazel eyes. He almost jerked off again, but didn’t. The feeling of slight arousal was nice and there was the accumulated lack of sleep he had been working on eliminating. He needed rest. He drank the bottle of Evian he had by the bed, curled up under the blanket and concentrated on Brian’s voice. He did not pay attention to the words, just enjoyed the tone and rhythm of his lover’s speech. Soon he was asleep.


He woke up for an instant when a warm body cuddled behind his. He smiled, and went right back to sleep again.

 

*****



Monday started in the best possible way, with Brian waking him up by gently positioning him and eating his ass for a really long time, while caressing his cock, then fucking him into the mattress. Living with Brian was so, so great…


In the cab, Brian told him about Ian’s “misread signals” and Justin laughed with him. He was grateful Brian didn’t ask stupid questions such as, ’What attracted you to this guy?’ It felt like it was a lifetime ago, and he really couldn’t even explain it to himself anymore.


“He thought he could get you back,” said Brian, watching Justin’s expression above his coffee cup.


Justin didn’t answer. He just smiled at Brian, as sexy and loving a smile as he could produce. Brian smiled back, apparently fully satisfied by that non-verbal response.


At work, he spend three hours, drawing the different takes and take angles of a commercial storyboard for Paul, guided by Spaz the whole time. He really loved working with the cameraman, who in turn couldn’t help but rave how quickly Justin could make his description come alive on paper. Justin was even getting good at translating Spaz speech, not the easiest task, dude…. When he was finished, he made copies and slid the original sketches in an interoffice envelope to send them to Paul. Spaz high fived him, and went back to the basement, taking the copies with him.


The rest of the morning he was able to work on the computer, designing the Haberdasher’s campaign. It was a montage of actors and other celebrities wearing hats. He chose each image carefully, making sure it was obvious the hat, in that particular frame, made the man. He felt people would love looking at it and try to identify all the faces, spending a huge amount of time, comparatively speaking, exposed to the haberdasher’s name and address which separated the frames. The eyes would not notice it, but the brain would absorb the information.


At noon, he got ready to go for his run, but he also really wanted to see Brian. This was a slippery slope. They could not let their relationship interfere with their work. Also, a little absence made the heart grow fonder. They lived together, commuted in together, went out together, talked on the phone all the time. Talk about overexposure… Surely, at this rate, at some point they would get sick of each other.


But he didn’t know what time they were meeting at Gillian’s. He grinned at the totally and pathetically transparent excuse. Fuck it.


“Cynthia? Hi, it’s Justin.”


“Hey, Justin. How’s life?”


“Really good. Is Brian in an appointment or do you think I could disturb him for a few minutes?”


“He’s just working. He should be going to the Gym momentarily. I’ll tell him you’re on your way up. Just make sure he doesn’t cancel his afternoon, or I’d have to kill you.”


Justin laughed. “I really just want to talk to him for a few minutes. We’ll leave the door open…”


“Please don’t. You know as well as I do that that would not stop him…”


She smiled at him when he knocked on Brian’s door, which opened almost immediately as he was pulled by his sweatshirt into a heated kiss. Then Brian, eyes dancing, backed away and asked in his most professional voice.


“Taylor? What can I do for you?”


Justin loved Brian’s playful mood.


“Mr. Kinney, I was just checking to see if you had more information for me regarding our evening project.”


“I do indeed. Your blow job is at six, mine at six-thirty. Please be punctual.”


“Yes, sir. I will be.” Justin grinned. “I can’t believe I am looking forward to a wax…”


Brian grinned back. “Hey, Steven called. They want to take us out next Saturday, to a regular pool bar. They feel we won through underhanded means.” Brian chuckled. “He said they had an amazing time at Gillian’s and though they wouldn’t do it every week, it was definitely worth the trip. They ended up having breakfast in the restaurant with the twins at 5:00 in the morning…“ Brian wrapped Justin in his arms again. Justin could hear the slow thumping of Brian’s heart, smell the Decleor lotion through his shirt, feel the strength in the body of the man holding him.


Speaking quietly into Justin’s hair, Brian said, “I was actually kind of hoping to convince you to follow the dancing part of our evening plan with a little bit of Orgy room fucking. What do you say?”


“I think I could put up with it… considering I’ve been thinking the same…I’d better go if I want any kind of a run.”


“I’m on my way to the Gym. Why don’t you come with me and check it out? You can afford it these days.”


“Well, I really only have an hour, which is perfect for a forty minute run and a shower. I wouldn’t have time for more, even if I paid for the gym. If we ever want to work out together, on the weekend, or whatever, we can always go to Gillian’s.”


Brian looked at him and smiled. “Sunshine, you are so wise. Have a good run. I’ll see you at Gillian’s.”


Justin cracked up. “I can’t believe I’m looking forward to a wax…”


This is Lilah's painting.

 

Chapter 27 - The Eye of the Storm - Part 1. by Conzieu

 

 

 

The Eye of the Storm - Part 1


Justin ran hard, because he really only had about twenty minutes left. He managed three miles, showered as quickly as possible, and left for Pratt. Now that he was exercising again, he got there barely on time for his first class, but he felt 100% better. It also gave him a chance to change from his hip work clothes to his sloppy student clothes.


Art History was first. It was mandatory, and truthfully, quite interesting. Plus Lilah, Rory, and Andrew were all in the class with him and it was always good to see them. At the end of class, they usually had about ten minutes to catch up. Lately, Justin mostly talked to Andrew, because he did see Lilah at the studio most of the time, and Rory at least on Thursday afternoon during their free period and on Tuesday during the Drawing from Life class.


Andrew was wearing his contacts, and had a decent haircut. He was also wearing clothes that didn’t scream “Nerd!” at the top of their lungs. Justin couldn’t help but mention it. “Andrew, you look really good.”


Of course, Andrew turned bright red. “I kind of have a date tonight. Maybe.”


Justin was thrilled. The only time he had seen Andrew getting loose was at Essengy. “Hey, that’s great, who’s the lucky girl?”


“The girl I met at Essengy that one time. She’d given me her number, but I never called. Yesterday, when I talked to Brian, he said if I didn’t call her you guys would drag me back to Essengy without Lilah, so I called her… She sounded really nice on the phone, and when she asked why I hadn’t called earlier, I just told her the truth, that I was a shy nerdy guy who spent his time at home reading, and that I hadn’t thought she’d be interested. She said, 'Let me be the judge of that’, and now we’re meeting tonight for coffee and whatever at a diner.”


“That’s so cool! What’s her name?”


“Elisabeth. She goes to NYU. She is a Biology major. She says she’s a big nerd too and that she goes to clubs with her cousin, who’s gay, obviously, and whom she lives with, but that she studies the rest of the time… So, we’ll see. Brian told you about the uncle thing, didn’t he?”


“Yes, he did. He decided he was my mother’s much, much younger brother… “


“I was so embarrassed. I swear I don’t mind you being gay, Justin.”


“We lived together for a year. I know you’re not a homophobe. You just need to broaden your horizons…”


“I’m really trying. I actually met this guy at lunch who is new in town, and we talked a bit, and he is only here for a short while and he wants to do all this interesting stuff like go to an off Broadway play, go ice-skating at the Rockefeller center, go see the Statue of Liberty and stuff, while he’s in New York. I told him I’d been here for a year and hadn’t done any of that, so he said that since he doesn’t know anybody, how about we hang out and do some of them together. We’re going to go see a concert in the park on Wednesday.”


Justin laughed. “You don’t waste any time once you make up your mind… I’ll tell Brian we’ll have to hold off on taking you dancing again.”


“I had a great time at Essengy though. It’s like I left all my inhibitions at home. I even kind of liked that some guys were checking me out… Not like you, you know, but it was cool. Shit, I gotta go. I’m going to design…”


The design building was pretty far. Andrew was going to have to make a dash for it. Going to his next class, Justin thought about the fact that he had neither seen a play, gone to Rockefeller Center, nor seen the Statue of Liberty either. He grinned. Maybe he needed to get out more often…


After class, he took the subway to Chelsea. It was cold, but sunny and it got dark later now. He would enjoy the walk to Gillian’s. When he got there, the doorman let him in with a smile, though Brian wasn’t with him. The butler who took his clothes asked him what Mr. Kinney and his plans were for the evening, and just sent Justin up to the spa to wait for Brian.


Justin let a very effeminate queen behind the counter know that he was there for his six o’clock wax, and had to fill out a bunch of medical-like forms attesting to his general and sexual health. Justin supposed that was a good sign. He also had to sign a release stating that he was aware the testis waxing procedure could be excruciatingly painful, cause bleeding and discomfort for several days, and requires the beautician to work with two assistants, one for skin stretching, and one for pain relief.


Justin grinned. He was use to ‘assisting’ the beautician himself with the ‘skin stretching’ but supposed that would be hard to do with a third party providing ‘pain relief’. Would they get a discount for utilizing their own ‘assistant’ for that part of the task?


He had already stripped down in the provided cabin and was wearing nothing but a short light robe by the time Brian arrived. He made Justin jump by looking over his shoulder at the form Justin was signing. “I remember those,” he said. Then he proceeded to greet Justin with a kiss, and slide his hand under the robe to caress his soft cock, which took an immediate interest. He grinned wickedly, and said, “I have to go change.” Justin laughed.


Getting your ass and pubic area waxed, while kissing the man you loved, turned out to be a lot like Justin’s experience with spanking: Incredibly arousing. The mixture of delicious pleasure and mild, sudden, short lived pain, that left his ass glowing warm, would have been the perfect appetizer to a serious hard fucking… The wax technician was very pleased. They gave him no trouble whatever.


Getting a Kinney blowjob while getting your balls waxed was a completely different animal. Brian started as soon as they had Justin in position, and did a very good job at getting Justin very, very aroused before they even started. In the ten minutes before the skin-stretching assistant arrived and things got underway, Justin was very close to coming.


Brian asked the technician to touch his shoulder each time before pulling the wax, and made sure to try and precede the excruciating sensation with an incredibly pleasurable one so that Justin was just about to come when the pain hit. Justin's soft hair was not that dense anymore, and it only took about a dozen pulls to have his balls done.


When to Justin’s great relief, the technician said, “Last one” Brian swallowed his cock, pinched his nipples and as Justin’s cock came back out of his throat, caught the rim of his glans tightly with his lips, forcing it to squeeze through right when the last strip was pulled, the pleasure/pain so close together and so acute as to be indistinguishable.


Justin screamed out loud and sprayed come all over Brian’s cheek and neck, splattering the technician’s white coat sleeve and his own newly smoothed balls. The skin stretching assistant thought it was rather funny, especially when Brian proceeded to lick said balls. The wax tech was less amused.

 

 

A different technician was doing Brian, and when the first one left, he rolled his eyes at the second, saying “Good luck…”

 

 

Justin started by cleaning his come off Brian’s chin and neck with his tongue, and then they enjoyed another very nice makeout session while Brian’s ass was smoothed and his pubes tamed in the shape he preferred. When the time came to wax Brian’s balls, he asked the wax man how long he thought it would take. After a quick look and consult with the stretch assistant, he answered, “About fifteen minutes.”


As far as Justin knew, there was no limit to how many times Brian could come if kept adequately stimulated, so he saw no need to restrain himself. He was confident he could normally make Brian come in about three minutes if he really tried, probably needing a minute more accounting for the wax strips coming off.


He attacked with his standard fare. Brian had not expected to come. He’d thought that Justin would do to him what he had done, and his first orgasm was accompanied by, “Oh, fuck, Justin, fuck yes….”


Justin did not allow Brian’s cock to even consider softening, attending it with renewed vigor and masterful skills. Immediately after Brian’s second orgasm (a deep growl), the wax strip was pulled, and Justin thought he was going to lose Brian’s erection. He formed a circle with his thumb and middle finger and held the base of Brian’s cock tight, acting as a cock ring, while his tongue and throat reminded it of why it was better to be hard than soft. It was not too hard to convince it. Though the third orgasm required a lot of hard work and finesse, when it came it was very rewarding for all concerned, Brian’s whole body contracting with each spasm of his ejaculation while he let out a throaty moan.


Justin lovingly applied himself to Brian’s fourth orgasm. The head of Brian’s cock was too sensitive for any kind of direct stimulation, so he kept it deep in his throat. He licked all he could reach in that position, and hummed, and ran his tongue up and down the vein. When the technician said, “All done,” he brought the head back up between his palate and tongue, and while massaging the shaft with his lips, squeezed and sucked hard about twenty times. Just as his lips were getting numb from the effort, and his tongue was cramping, Brian said, “Oh, God… Sunshine… “And came one last time. He then lay completely still, his body covered in sweat, breathing faster than after a five minute mile, utterly exhausted. Justin lovingly wiped the sweat out of his eyes and kissed his lips as the wax guy and his skin-stretching assistant left the room, completely disbelieving.


Brian opened his eyes, smiled and told Justin, “I’m never getting waxed without you again.”


Justin smiled back, licked the sweat off his chest and said, “OK.” The manicure and pedicure, which included a foot massage, were just perfect after that. Then Brian and Justin hit the shower, hugging under the hot spray, kissing lovingly. They got dressed and went to dinner.  


Justin had wanted to try the crab salad Brian had ordered the previous time, and had roasted chicken instead of his usual filet mignon. Brian, who for some reason felt the need to recuperate, had a four egg white omelet, and a delicious fruit salad. He also stole all the roasted carrots and turnips off Justin’s plate, which was all right since Justin cared for neither.


Since Brian was only halfway through his fruit salad, and taking the time to savor every piece, Justin ordered Tarte Tatin for desert, with a ball of vanilla ice cream. He had missed dinner the night before, and his clothing was getting ridiculously loose. Though his ass was intact, he had had to tighten his belt.


They left the restaurant and went to play pool. No way were they losing to Steven and Scott on Saturday, even if they ended up playing among a bunch of fag hating rednecks in a country bar. They played one on one several times, Brian teaching a lot of the finesse of the game to Justin, who had become a fairly good player.


Then they put his new skills to the test, playing game after game against other teams. Most were disappointed that Brian and Justin would not play for any kind of sexual favors, but got over it because they were nice about it and played very seriously.


Finally, they retired their cues and hit the dance floor. It seemed like forever since they had last danced together, and they enjoyed themselves, loving the thumpa-thumpa. They separated after a while, each dancing with other people, eyeing each other across the room, flirting at a distance, each being cruised hungrily by guys. Justin thought he must glow with the knowledge that he was loved, because he had never been approached by that many men without even trying. His brief eye contacts with Brian were exciting, a pretend game of seduction, of “I don’t know you but I think you’re hot,” and “Come on, you know you want me.”


He went to the bar to get some water, and picked up a piece of their magic gum. He still wasn’t sure what was in that stuff, just that it made him feel sexy and horny and totally without inhibitions. He watched Brian dancing with a tall, thin dark haired guy. They looked good together. Despite Brian’s repeated eye contact with Justin, the guy was slowly moving in, thinking he had it made, thinking Brian would pull him to the backroom and fuck him any minute now. How did they all know? These strangers who did not know him or his reputation, how did they know he would be the fuck of a lifetime?


That was not the way he had felt when he had met Brian. First of all, Brian had cruised him, and second of all, Justin had known this was the man he wanted to go through life with. He remembered the disappointment, after having only danced with Brian for fifteen minutes, when the bartender had warned him about Brian’s fuck and run policy. He thought back to their months of dancing around each other, to their first night together. He popped the gum in his mouth, and chewed it until it disappeared.


Now he wanted to show that tall guy who Brian really wanted, who he was going to fuck in the back room, in the orgy room, at home - morning, noon, and night, and why.


He moved to a low platform where two guys were dancing, grinding against each other. He stepped onto it and joined them, then turned away and faced the room. He let the rhythm take him, the beat penetrate his body. He loved to dance. He took off his shirt slowly, showing off his flat, defined stomach, and his chest before passing it quickly over his head. He threw it at the bartender who was looking at him with a smile.


He had a nipple ring with a crystal on it that made his nipple look like a point of light. God, he was high. He started dancing, eyes closed, knowing he looked hot and sexy, knowing his erection was molded by his jeans, that he was a picture of lust, that everyone of his move said fuck me, fuck me, fuck me. He was spinning, his hips gyrating, his hands all over his body.


He knew if he opened his eyes and looked at anyone they would respond, but he wanted just one person, this whole show was with only one man in mind. He was careful to look down when he opened his eyes and then to let them roam over the crowd never stopping on another set of eyes. He wanted Brian so badly his cock was aching, the precome making a wet spot on his jeans.


There they were, Brian and his handsome trick, both looking at him, with lust in both their eyes, but Justin only had eyes for Brian, eyes that said, “Come get me, stranger, I am your trick tonight.” He brought his hand to his mouth, and sucked on two of his fingers, pushing them in and out as he unbuttoned the first button of his jeans. Brian and his trick were both moving towards him. He trailed the wet fingers from his mouth to his nipple and played with the ring as he slipped his other hand inside his pants, hips still moving, but now front to back in deep fucking motions . His eyes were still on Brian, who was now only a couple of meters away. Justin closed his eyes, head spinning, his entire body an erogenous zone, wanting, aching for Brian’s touch. He tilted his head back, offering his white neck, lips parted. He felt beautiful.


A hand whose touch he would know anywhere covered the hand inside his pants and squeezed, and he smiled, eyes still closed, still dancing. Suddenly, his hips were pulled forward, and he was over Brian's shoulder in a fireman's lift, being carried straight to the back room. There, Brian put him on a couch and lay on top of him, grabbing both his wrists and pulling them over his head.


“Are you going to put on a show for me every night, Sunshine?” Brian asked, his voice deeper with lust.


“Justin opened his eyes, and gave him his most sexy smile. “Do you like it?” He was humping Brian’s hip, unable to help himself, still under the influence. “I’m so horny for you, Brian… Make me come, please, make me come.”


Brian sat back and unbuttoned the rest of Justin’s fly. His cock sprang up like a Jack in the Box, the head glistening with wet. Brian looked at him and Justin saw love and desire and possessiveness in his eyes, the look so hot he almost came. Then Brian licked his hand, and started jerking Justin off, still looking at his face.


Justin moaned, unable to help himself. Brian knew what he liked, and gave it to him, moving fast up and down the shaft then forcing the head through his thumb and fingers. Justin was mewling, and panting and whining, and begging, playing with his nipples, biting his lips, his hips jerking forward uncontrollably. He loved Brian’s hungry expression and he let the pleasure take him, coming in clear short jets on his own stomach.


“You are so fucking gorgeous, Sunshine. We’re moving. I want you on a real bed.”


Brian got up and pulled a wobbly Justin to himself, tucking his spent dick in and only buttoning a button or two, ignoring the spunk that was getting on his own clothing. They walked to the elevator, Brian’s arm around Justin, Justin’s head on his shoulder. On the way, Brian pressed Justin against the wall and kissed the daylights out of him. Justin could feel a stir in his freshly spent cock. In the locker room, they stripped quickly, smiling at each other, Justin no longer high.


Brian’s dick was very hard, standing straight up, and Justin licked his lips. Brian laughed. “Sunshine, I am going to fuck you so hard…”


Inside the orgy room, the music was low, the rhythm like a heartbeat. Brian grabbed a black towel and a white towel in one hand and pulled Justin to a specific bed. With the low music, one could hear the moans and cries of pleasure, the slapping sounds of flesh against flesh.


Brian pushed Justin onto the bed, flat on his back, and straddled him again. “You can turn the whole room on, Justin, you can make every guy want you.” He took Justin’s right arm and placed it through a cushioned restraint Justin had not noticed, and bend down to speak low, against his lips. “You can make them hard, make them want to fuck your perfect ass, but you are mine, Sunshine. All mine.” And he tightened the restraint. He took Justin's left arm and restrained it as well. “I am going to show them exactly whose ass this is…” he said.


He opened a drawer next to the bed head and took out a sterile bag. He ripped it opened. It had a ball gag in it. He looked at Justin for permission. Justin smiled. ”I love you, Brian. I love you so fucking much. I’m yours. All yours…” He opened his mouth for the ball, but Brian plunged his tongue in first, kissing Justin hard. He then placed the ball in gently and attached it behind his head. Kneeling between Justin’s legs, he brought a restraint past his right knee and pushed his knee up and out, then did the same on the other side. Justin was held tight, completely exposed. He felt a moment of shame, but then saw himself through Brian's hot admiring gaze, and relaxed.


Brian ran his hand over Justin’s body, tweaked his nipple and Justin shivered.


“Push the ball forward with your tongue and bite it,” said Brian.


It had just enough play that Justin could do it. The clear rubber ball gave and clicked and started flashing red.


“Bite it again.”


It stopped blinking, and Justin relaxed his tongue, letting it come back in his mouth.


“If you need me to stop, and take the gag off, just do that, Ok, Sunshine?” Brian caressed his face with a smile. Justin blinked in understanding, and he relaxed his head on the pillow, now fully enjoying the restraints, Brian’s hungry gaze and the feeling of being owned by him.


“Your ass is the most beautiful thing. Every guy on the dance floor wanted to fuck it, you know that? Look at you, all tied up. I could go get them, and they would line up around the room to plunge their dick in your little pink hole, and they would not believe it when then pushed inside, because however nice it looks, it feels even better, like soft warm velvet.”


Brian wet a finger in his mouth, and pushed it all the way in, his eyes closed. “So tight, so smooth, so hot,” he said, and he turned it to caress Justin’s prostate. Justin mewled behind the gag, and Brian added, “so responsive…” He removed his finger, bent down, and slipped in his hot wet tongue, as far as it would go. “So delicious, so sweet…


He took Justin’s balls in his mouth, one at a time, caressing them with his tongue. Justin loved the soft feeling of his hairless balls in this warm mouth, loved it. Then Brian went back to his hole, and licked it, again and again, with a broad wet tongue. It felt so warm and good. With each lick Justin’s cock twitched, getting harder and harder.

 

 

When his erection was full, Brian plunged his tongue back in, and Justin knew he was in for it. With Justin held in this position, there was nothing to stop Brian from indulging his taste for eating Justin’s ass for as long as he pleased. Fuck, it felt so incredible.


Brian’s hot wet tongue was caressing, wiggling inside him, playing against all the nerve endings in the sphincter, driving him insane, he could not resist, and could feel himself opening up, relaxing for the sweet invader. Brian was pushing warm spit inside, and Justin knew what was coming, the most delicious feeling, a kink of Brian's he did not understand, delightfully wicked and terribly arousing in its sinfulness. Brian put his lips around Justin’s hole and sucked, hard, getting the spit back out, and Justin mewled again, so turned on he was seeing stars.


He remembered Brian doing this to him the first time they had made love, and how astonished Justin had been by it, surprising himself by wanting to kiss him, to taste himself in Brian’s mouth, finding nothing but the echo of a nutty sweetness.


“I could do this all night, Sunshine, but I want to fuck you so badly. You look so good like this. If we were doing it raw, I’d pull out at the last second, and spray my come all over you, and then the picture would be perfect. Mine, it proves you are fucking mine, that you’d let me do this to you.”


He rolled a condom on his impressive hard on, and lubed it generously. “I love you free, and wild and horny, I love you on the bottom, I love you on top. I love you aggressive and dominant, and I love you like this, completely surrendered. You…” He guided himself in. “Are everything.” He pushed hard, and slid in, “ That I could…” In to his balls, he stopped, giving Justin a chance to adjust, “ever want.” He gave Justin a feral grin, and warned, lifting Justin's hips and placing a bolster under them, to align Justin’s ass perfectly to his cock, “I am going to fuck you within an inch of your life…” and he did.


He had fucked Justin hard before, but it had been nothing to this. This was the most brutal fucking Justin could imagine and he loved it, God, he absolutely loved it. The mattress was very firm, with almost no give or spring, and the bed was bolted to the floor. Every ounce of force in Brian’s motion went into Justin’s ass. Brian grunted with effort at every thrust, and soon, sweat was pouring down his body. He looked magnificent. Justin was seeing stars, even with his eyes open, his newly waxed ass stinging from the hard slaps of Brian’s thighs, his hips sure to be bruised the next day by Brian’s grip.


Justin’s prostate was being hit again and again, and the pleasure from the friction on his sphincter was so intense as to almost make him weep. Justin’s cock lifted from his body at each thrust and slapped back down, the sensation driving him wild. Brian was pumping faster and faster, just as hard, his whole body shaking with the effort.


Justin ‘s orgasm hit him lightning fast, coming straight from deep inside him, different yet familiar when his cock spurted an amazingly generous offering of a third climax in one evening. Brian followed, his loud grunt of release sounding almost like a victorious cry, his body arched back as he forced his dick as deep as he could get inside the man he loved.


Brian’s body collapsed on itself for a few minutes, as he caught his breath. Justin became aware of men around them, who had been watching, of the smell of spunk in the air as several had come right along with them. A thin pale guy brought a metal tray with steaming hot towels, and set them on the nightstand next to the bed with a shy smile at Brian, who acknowledged the kindness with a nod.


Finally, Brian pulled out, holding the condom carefully. He grabbed one of the wet towels, opened it up and gently dabbed Justin’s entrance clean of spit, lube and sweat. It felt good. With an effort, Justin constricted his sphincter as tight as he could, and Brian looked at him with a smile. He took the restraints off Justin’s legs, and massaged each leg from his thighs to his toes, running a hot towel on his skin.


He cleaned Justin's stomach and chest, and delicately wiped his prick clean as well. He untied his arms, massaging them, massaging his shoulders, wiping them down. Finally he removed the gag, and cleaned Justin’s face, pushing the sweaty hair off his forehead. He wiped his own face, and lay next to Justin, who at that moment felt utterly unable to move or speak.


As Brian looked into his eyes, there was so much love there, and appreciation. Justin had never understood the attraction of being a sub. It was not in his nature to enter such a relationship, but as Brian had cleansed him, and massaged him almost reverently, and as he looked at him now he understood why a certain type of man could live for that gratefulness. Brian had needed this, and Justin had been able to give it to him. It felt good.


He smiled at Brian, and Brian kissed him, softly, lovingly, the antithesis to the violent fucking that had just taken place. Justin finally felt as if he could move again, and he caressed Brian’s face gently. Brian stopped kissing him and leaned into his touch, turning his face to kiss his palm. The experience had been so intense. They looked at each other, and smiled again, then Brian bent to whisper in his ear, “I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you…” And Justin filled his lungs with air and let out a huge happy sigh, stretching his body. He wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck and kissed him, hopefully letting him know without words that he loved him too. With a meaningful look to Justin, Brian repositioned himself on the bed, lying flat on his stomach, his arms under the pillow, as he invitingly spread his legs. Brian had never bottomed in public. It was something they had kept in the privacy of their home. Justin wanted to make sure he did not misunderstand.


He bent to Brian’s ear, “Do you mean you…”


“Fuck me, Justin. I want you inside me, I want your cock in my ass.”


Like the first time, Justin felt enormously privileged. He took one of the hot towels, and ran it along Brian's still sweaty back. He used another on his neck and shoulders, another on his ass and thighs. Then, just as gently and lovingly as he had done it the first time, he prepared Brian. One finger, two, three, with tender loving care, caresses and kisses.


He put some lube on his hand and got himself hard, the sight of Brian's beautiful ass taking his fingers, and the thought of the hot tightness he was about to visit helping him overcome the fact that he’d come hard less than fifteen minutes before. He was young and healthy and in love, but unlike Brian, he did have a refractory period, and considering he had come three times tonight already, this was definitely pushing his ability to the limit.


He put on the condom, and lubed it liberally. “Here I come,” he said, caressing Brian’s lower back. He lined himself up, and pushed inside, excruciatingly slowly, making sure not to hurt Brian. He stopped a couple of times, caressing his ass, kissing his spine. Finally, one last push, and he was home. Brian sighed with ease, and Justin felt him relax around him. He started slow, deep motions, the kind Brian preferred, closing his eyes and savoring the amazing sensation of being inside the man he loved.

 

 

Brian was so beautiful. Justin kissed the gorgeous golden skin of his back, admiring the broad shoulders in repose, smelling the scent of Brian, masculine and warm, strong after his earlier effort, salty burnt wood, a delight to his senses. He knew this was a gift for him from Brian, an additional declaration of love. He did not think Brian was even hard, though he sighed and pushed back against Justin's thrusts, obviously enjoying the sensations. Justin made therefore no effort to last. He just let the pleasure build, and when it came let the sweet, sweet orgasm take him away, Brian squeezing his sphincter around him lovingly.


He pulled out slowly and gently, and took off the condom. Brian turned over and opened his arms to him. Justin moved up, and rested his head on Brian’s shoulder. As he moved his body closer into the hug, he was surprised to find hot stickiness on Brian’s belly. He looked at Brian, who had laughter in his eyes.


“You came? I thought…I thought you were doing it for me…”


Brian chuckled. “Silly Sunshine. You have no idea what you do to me… I love your cock in my ass, I love it. I was being greedy. I wanted to come one more time, and I knew that after everything tonight, only you fucking me would do it. You are the most wonderful bottom I’ve ever had the pleasure to fuck, Justin, and that’s saying a lot. But you are also the most amazing top. And of course, since your blowjobs are beyond compare, that makes you a fucking sex god, and me the luckiest bastard on earth.”


Justin laughed. “I am so glad you think so. I would like that on a T-shirt. Brian Kinney thinks I am a fucking sex God. I would wear it to Babylon next time we go to the Pitts.” He chuckled, then yawned. “Let’s shower and go home. I’m knackered.”


By the time they went to bed, it was almost two in the morning. Brian changed the alarm to six, saying with a dramatic sigh and a twinkle in his eye that he was giving up his morning fuck for the sake of his young lover’s health.


Even at 6:00 AM getting up was hard. Four hours of sleep was definitely not enough. After class, Justin bagged painting and went home, falling on the bed fully dressed. Brian woke him gently at eight-thirty so he could eat dinner. Justin told him about the Brandon painting and about the other one as well. He told him about wondering if he would have to abandon all the paintings he had planned on the computer. They looked at the one he seemed unable to paint.


“What were you feeling when you designed it?” asked Brian.


“I’m not sure I remember. It was last summer. I was on break. I hung out with Lilah, we went to museums, we danced at Essengy almost every night. I was relaxed, happy. Daphne was coming, and I was looking forward to that. I can’t think of any deep dark thing that could make me shy away from it, you know? I like it. Oh well. I like what it has become even better, so I guess that’s all right.”


“The last time you painted one of your planned paintings you changed all the colors.”


“That’s true. And it was missing something. I added something to it at the last minute that just made it sing, you know?”


“Maybe that’s all it is, Justin. Maybe as an artist, you have grown and changed so much in the past six months, your old paintings, your old style no longer satisfies you. You have moved on.”


Justin thought about that. He did feel his best efforts, like The Kiss or Summertime were those that he painted without plan. And those he painted from his old plans, like The Rainforest, required major changes.


He smiled at Brian. “I think you’re right, and I guess it’s OK. I have them here, in my computer. They will never come to fruition, but I can look back at them…”


“I hope you back up that thing regularly,” said Brian, seriously.


Justin laughed. “Every single night…”


Justin was back in bed by ten, while Brian went out to a club somewhere, and felt fully rested in the morning, so much so that he was the one who turned off the alarm before it rang and woke up Brian with an amazing forty-five minute-long blow job. That evening, he painted till ten, exclusively on the new painting, the Brandon one up on an easel. He kept looking at it, but was not ready for the next step yet.


The new one did get some touches of deep orange, and some glossy dark green, and yet another white, lead based, at the bottom. Despite the whites and the blue, it felt warm. Lilah loved it, though Justin felt it was still missing something.


At a quarter to eleven, the loft was empty, Brian was out again. Justin left the lights on low for him, and woke up at two, when he got home, though he was very quiet. Brian looked toward the bed as he was entering the room barefoot. He saw Justin’s open eyes and smiled. Justin stretched and smiled back. Brian sat on the side of the bed, smelling of smoke and sweat, and his kiss smelled like bourbon.


“You think you can stay awake while I shower? The club was smoky.”


“Is there a reward if I do?” asked Justin.


They made love face to face, Justin lying under Brian, his legs around his hips, as Brian whispered passionate words in his ear between languorous kisses, waxing poetic about the taste and smell of him, the softness of his skin and walls, the warmth of his mouth and ass, and the love Brian felt for him with every fiber of his being. It was wild and ridiculously romantic, making Justin feel incredibly loved and treasured. After, Brian cleaned his stomach with a warm wet washcloth, and spooned him for the night. Justin thought the reward had been worth the sacrifice…


On Thursday afternoon, he worked on Brandon’s painting, once again almost dancing with impatience if he had to wait between colors, and while the other painting stayed on an easel, to be looked at.


Brandon’s painting received some white accents, a mixture of unbleached titanium (a warm cream color) and a dash of zinc oxide white, mixed with varnish to lessen the opacity. They followed curved lines inspired by the ballet dancer body positions, full of tension, grace, and light, similar to the spotlight on Brandon’s off white costume in The Nutcracker. The feeling of movement was extraordinary.


Intermixed, in rich dark Alizarin crimson, in Justin’s mind the color of sexual pleasure, were accents following curved lines inspired by Brandon’s positions while fucking. Most of them were memories of watching him with Todd. One was very personal; an image Justin did not often bring out from his memory but that he knew would be there forever, of Brandon climaxing on his knees while deep in Justin’s body, his entire musculature tense and pulsating with his release.


Finally, in indigo mixed with white and a touch of pewter grey, like very faded, well worn blue jeans, were lines reflecting Brandon's natural nonchalant grace in his everyday motions. His walk, his club moves, the way he leaned on the bar.


Justin walked away from the painting for a while, admiring Lilah’s newest composition, another one he liked though once again one she felt was pleasing and lovely, but meaningless. He wondered why she felt art needed to mean something to be valid. He thought her art was poetic.


He also checked out Rory’s latest. It was amazing. Hyperrealism just was. Justin new that was something he could never ever do. Rory was getting really good. They liked to tease him, because he always held his breath while working, and sometimes almost literally turned blue from lack of air. Then he would take his brush away from the canvas and need a minute of gasping to recuperate. He was working on a cityscape. Though Justin wouldn’t say it aloud, he felt like asking Lilah, who admired Rory’s paintings, why she thought his were meaningful and hers were not. After all, a lot of people pointed out that hyperrealism did not do anything photographs did not do better.


He went back to his painting, and his heart started beating faster. It was awesome. And it was finished. He wanted to show it to Brian so badly. As soon as the other one was done, he would have Jason over again. Maybe they could both come at the weekend. He would officially have all the required paintings. Of course he would paint more before the expo, but that would just give them some choices. He put Brandon in his cubby to fully dry, and came back to stare at the other one, trying to feel what was missing.


Suddenly he smiled in relief. He knew. He looked at his palette. The faded jeans color was almost perfect, but it was also almost gone. He remixed it, indigo, grey and white, but not to full homogeneity, leaving some streaks of all three colors in the mix. He added these lighter blue accents densely, all over the top third of the painting. He let it dry.


There was one more color he wanted to add, but it was so off the wall that he took another break, walking up the stairs to get a snack from the machine. He idly pressed the button that made the choices go round, and finally spotted something tempting. Grinning, he brought the Granny Smith in position, and opened the sliding door. He washed his apple at the sink since no one was here to peel and core it for him, and walked to a window with a view of the quad, munching on his apple.


There was Andrew, down there, walking away, apparently in deep discussion with some short blond haired guy. Justin might have had a class with that guy before. Something about him looked familiar. He wondered how Andrew’s pseudo-date had gone, and went back to the studio to ask Lilah. She would be happy to gossip…


“Her name’s Elisabeth. She is really sweet, and funny, too. I think she and Andrew hit it off. They’re going out again tomorrow, to a movie. Batman, I think. Andrew has been out a lot. He has a new guy friend also, Aidan. They do “New York” stuff together. I don’t like him. I think he’s a pretentious prick, but whatever. It’s good for Andrew to get out and Aidan is leaving town again in a month. He’s here for some seminar or something.”


“He told me he was visiting his grandparents,” said Rory.


“I think he is living with them while he’s here,” explained Lilah. “In the Bronx, somewhere… What do you think for there, Justin: emerald or pale olive green?”


“Paris.”


“Well, thanks. That’s helpful.”


Rory was holding out a tube to her. “Here, Lilah.”


“You got Paris green? I’m not using it!”


“No, bonehead,” answered Rory as Justin helpfully grabbed the tube from him and brought it to Lilah. “It’s Gamblin’s green light. With a touch of white, it’s really close to Paris Green, without the death sentence…”


“It’s got copper cyanide in there,” said Justin wiggling his eyebrows at Lilah, who frowned.


“Justin, stop teasing her. Paris has copper arsenite. You should really take that pigment chemistry seminar, Lilah. It’s cool.”


“No thank you. I’ll just keep looking at the color samples from manufacturers and be happy.”


“It really helps predicting the colors you get from a mix,” argued Justin.


“And I like my colors straight from the tube, thank you.” Justin and Rory grinned at each other, shaking their heads.


“Talking about color straight from the tube… I need some kind of hot pink,” said Justin.


“You what?” asked Lilah, laughing. Even Rory looked puzzled.


“Hot pink. Have you got something like that?”


Lilah grinned. “You mean you can’t mix hot pink from Alizarin and cobalt with a dash of cadmium?” she teased. Both Rory and Justin groaned.


“No, Lilah. That’s call ‘vomit,’ not hot pink,” said Rory.


Lilah was digging though her cart. “Aha! Voila, Monsieur l’artiste peintre! Ara rose, known to the lesser beings as “hot pink” for you!” Her French accent was atrocious, and they all cracked up.


Well, it was definitely as advertised. As all Lilah's paints, the tube was squished in an interesting shape, but it was very bright and very pink. He was glad he hadn’t tried to make do with his magenta. This was exactly what he needed. He extruded the smallest amount. He definitely didn’t need all that much, and added three comma shapes of it in the lower right hand corner, half on white and half on ultramarine. He stepped back and grinned. Done!


“I’m finished,” he said.


Both Lilah and Rory came to take a look.


“Oooh, said Lilah. It’s so pretty!”


“What is it?” That was always Rory’s question when he looked at Justin’s art.


“It isn’t anything Rory. What does it feel like?”


“Mediterranean revival. The twenty’s,” said Rory


Lilah was squinting at the painting, taking deep breaths. “It feels like a reward, somehow. Something you’ve waited a long time for, and now it’s yours and you so know you deserve it. What’s it called?”


Justin grinned. “I don’t know… Boca?” Lilah giggled.


“Like mouth in Italian?” asked Rory.


“No!” said Lilah, “like Boca Raton Florida. Twenty, thirty, forty years ago that was the dream. Work like a dog, build a nest egg, and when you retire, move to Florida. Boca is the symbol of success in a sense. By the time you move there, all is well. No more worries, no more commute, no more kids, the weather is always sunny, you never have to work, you are the envy of everyone back home… Justin, what in the world made you paint that? That is such a Jewish painting…”


“I think it’s your interpretation of the painting through your Jewish cultural experience.” He shrugged. “I like the idea of a reward for a good life. But I bet you that’s not what everybody is going to see. I’ll have to ask Brian. I think his take on it will be quite different.”


He started packing up, setting the painting to dry. It was visually very pretty. As he was putting away his paints, cleaning his tubes and brush handles, he called Jason.


“Jason Kintzer.”


“Jason, it’s Justin.”


“Saturday at 11:00?”


“What?”


“You are summoning me to Pratt to see the final paintings, right? How does Saturday at eleven work for you?”


“I’m fine, thank you very much, and your family? They are well too? Oh, good. Yes, Saturday at 11:00 sounds fantastic…”


“Yada, yada, yada. Time is money, kid. Good job, see you then. Oh, and how is the delightful Mr. Kinney…” You could hear him laugh as he hung up. Justin shook his head, chuckling. He loved Jason.


To be continued...



Hyperrealist painting by Rory D. Peterson

Painting by Lilah T. McArdle

 

 

Chapter 28 - The Eye of the Storm - Part 2. by Conzieu

 

 

 

The Eye of the Storm - Part 2


Justin got home early, at around 6:30 and was surprised to find Brian already there, still wearing his work clothes. He had set one of Justin new outfit on the bed, and smiled and kissed him as he walked in the door. “Go change, Sunshine, I’m taking you out!”


He accompanied him into the bedroom and helped him out of his hoody, T–shirt and pants. Of course, then he had to start sucking his cock, and pushed him down on the bed to do so more comfortably. God, it felt good, and Justin knowing they were apparently in a hurry did nothing to hold back his orgasm. He was still catching his breath when Brian, back on a mission, was saying, “We gotta go!” He pulled off the rest of Justin's jeans, and looked at him, naked on the bed.


“Fuck, Justin, how am I supposed to take you out if you keep distracting me with your sexual advances?” He unbuttoned his fly, and brought down his boxers, showing his impressive erection. “Come on, Justin. Get on all fours. We really don’t have time for this but since you insist, I’ll fuck you quick…”


Laughing, Justin turned over and wiggled his ass. Brian put on a condom and plenty of lube, and his pants around his ankles knelt behind him, caressing his cheeks.


He kissed Justin’s lower back and asked, “Do you want me to stretch you?”


Justin turned back and looked at him with an intimate smile. “Never. I am always ready for you…”


Brian gently pushed the head of his cock in, and Justin breathed deeply and relaxed his inner sphincter, letting him slide in without force. As soon as Brian’s thighs were against him, he let the natural muscle tension return. Brian said, ”Oh, Justin…” and started to move. Justin could feel Brian‘s shirt and tie sweeping his back, and see his pants, socks and glossy shoes still on. He could feel the rougher fabric of the suit jacket against his side where Brian held him lightly.


There was something very arousing in being naked and fucked by a man fully dressed. He started pushing back against Brian. His own erection was back, but he didn’t think from the sounds Brian was making that he would have time to come. Then Brian’s slick hand grabbed his cock and started jerking him roughly, like a stranger might, and for some reason that did it for him. He felt himself go up with each thrusts, and when Brian’s motion stuttered with his orgasm, he came, a small funny sounding “Ha!” escaping his lips.


Brian rested his forehead on his back for a second, and chuckled. “Ha! Indeed,” he said. He pulled out gently, and slapping Justin lightly on the ass added, “Come on, Justin… Clean up and get dressed. We’re going to be late…”


He leaned against the bathroom jamb smiling at him as he quickly washed his stomach and cock.


“Where are we going?”


“The theater.”


Justin could not help the big smile on his face.


“You’re taking me to the theater? Where? What are we seeing?”


“Spring Awakening”


“Oh my God Brian, that’s… that’s… Oh my God!” Justin got in his clothes as fast as he could, the very nice pants Brian had so liked last time he wore them, and a black silk and cashmere blend mock turtleneck that still had the Dolce&Gabbana original label. It felt fabulous on. Justin reflected that cashmere was something he had easily gotten used to…


They went out the door at 7:10, and arrived at the O’Neil Theater with not much time to spare. Unsurprisingly, they had some of the best seats in the house.


The show was fantastic and Justin loved it. In the taxi home he could not help but sing some of the tunes and talked about it. Brian was looking at him, smiling, happy to see him so happy. “Did you not like it?” asked Justin.


“I loved it. But I think I love it through your eyes even more,” Brian caressed his cheek and kissed him.

 

 

Oh, god. Justin completely melted in Brian’s arms. It was their kiss, and it made his whole body tingle, his heart race. It was good, so good. He could feel his heart beat in his cock and when Brian’s hand came to hold the back of his neck he shivered helplessly. After making love with this man a million times, how could his kiss still affect him so? But it did, his skin got goosebumps, his balls tightened and pleasure rushed through his body, shooting out of him, as he moaned his orgasm helplessly in Brian’s mouth.


Brian held him tight in the cab for the rest of the way, in the elevator and all the way to their room. They both undressed and got in the shower. After washing, Justin pressed Brian against the wall, and took his cock in his hand, slowly jerking him off, stopping just short again and again until Brian was growling in frustration and trying to finish himself off, then got on his knees and took the head of Brian’s cock in his mouth, lips and tongue working it unbearably softly until Brian was begging, “More, more… please, let me… please…” Finally, Justin took him down his throat and hummed, and Brian came with a roar, grabbing his head and fucking it twice, filling his throat and is mouth with spunk.


Justin stood up. Brian was leaning back against the wall, eyes closed, breathing hard. Justin kissed his chest and Brian took him in his arms, pressing Justin’s head to his heart, which Justin could physically feel beating against his cheek. Brian caressed his wet hair, “The things you do to me Justin… I swear, one day you will make me come so hard my cock will explode.” And that was so silly, they just both started laughing and couldn’t stop for several minutes.


They had been in bed for a while and Justin was floating in early sleep when he heard Brian whisper very softly, “Don’t ever leave me Justin. I never want to be without your love again.” Justin was too far into sleep to move or to answer. How could he ever leave? He was where he was meant to be. And he could never, ever stop loving Brian, because that’s what he was meant to do. He smiled in his sleep.


As he now did on Fridays, Brian let him sleep in the morning, giving him an eight o’clock wake up call. At eleven, Brian was meeting with Moebius electronics and wanted Justin there with him. Justin had seen the final cut of the commercial the morning before, right before lunch, while Brian was with some cruise company who wanted to change their image from a strictly family oriented operation to a luxury one, as they pushed into a new market. In his opinion, it was perfect, but since they had followed his vision to the letter, now they had to hope the rep from Moebius would think so too.


Justin put on his favorite clothes, the orange shirt, the stripped tie, the green suede shoes Brian had bought for him, and the beautiful Jay Ko’s pants. He even wore his jacket. He had really lost some weight, but it seemed to have been all baby fat, as his muscles were simply more defined. His clothes looked better on than ever.


That was definitely what Brian’s eyes told him when he walked into the meeting. It was intense to see his vision on film with other people watching it for the first time. It was exactly as he had pictured the whole sequence in his mind, the old man with a white mustache and gnarly arthritic fingers, the burgundy-red of the old seat, the stage, far away, the size of a bar of soap, illuminated, the reflection of the stage lights on the crystal chandeliers and the gilded plaster, the ultra modern recorder on the old man’s brown corduroy clad knee, his fingers yellow with nicotine, his neighbor a prissy private school music teacher with a blue cashmere sweater that cost him half a month salary, suffering from hemorrhoids, with an imitation Rolex on his wrist, and long narrow feet and pointy knees, and the sound of the dying girl’s last song filling the air… all the way to the same old man’s hand polishing the repair to the white marble staircase, the dust dancing in the rays of sunshine, and the camera sweeping up and up from alcove to alcove to the bust of Puccini, and on the gorgeous songs final notes, the tear rolling silently on his cheek.


As they always did, they played the commercial three times in a row to allow the rep, Tabitha Ling, and also in this case the CEO of the company, Peter Keller and a few other people to get the full gist of it. After the last projection, there was complete silence, then the rep said, laughing and sniffling at the same time, “God, that just about killed me…” and she blew her nose noisily. Most men in the room laughed, but there were a few others clearing their throat.


“Well, I guess we will all agree this carries a certain emotional strength,” said the CEO to more laughter. “Comments?”



His team was incredibly sharp. They proceeded to take the whole thing apart, asking the most amazing questions, questions, it turned out that only Justin knew the answers to. Who was the guy in the next sit? Why was he moving? How could he afford that sweater? Should the old man’s hand be nicotine stained in this time of anti-smoking sentiment? Why was the old man still working? How could he afford the recorder? Why view things from that angle in the scene? Why should the camera be sweeping up the staircase and not down? And so on and so on.



The funny thing was, they did not ask one single question he had not answered inadvertently in his mind while imagining the scene, which meant that he answered casually, calmly, as if he were sharing the story with them, enjoying its retelling, never even feeling on the defensive. After forty minutes the questions finally died down. Peter Keller looked at his people, stood up and offered his hand to Brian to shake. He was not a tall man but was powerfully built.



“Excellent. Very, very well done. Glad we switched. It was the right decision. I will leave Tabitha, our rep, and Donald, from out legal team to hammer out the last wrinkles, and we will see you next month at our headquarters to show you our new product. We are planning the campaign to start around Thanksgiving, for a Christmas release.”


Justin was politely waiting at the door for them all to leave. The CEO stopped, and asked, “Walk with me?”


“Sure.”


“What’s your name?”


“Justin. Justin Taylor.”


“What’s your position in the company?”


“I am Assistant Creative Manager in the Art Department.”


“So, you only assisted on this?”


“Uh… No, actually, I have the exact same role as the other three Creative Managers, and I am completely independent… I just work part time and don’t have my full credentials yet. I will not have my masters for two more years.”


“How old are you?”


“Twenty three.”


“How long have you worked here?”


“I interned for twelve weeks and was hired in January.”


They had let a full elevator go and now entered an empty one to go down to the lobby.


“So let me get this straight. I dump a company that has given me satisfaction for ten years, and switch to another because of a new, up coming ad exec I have heard raves about, and he gives my account to the youngest, least experienced and most unqualified Creative Manager in his Art Department?”


“Usually, that would not be true,” said Justin. “The ad execs are matched on each project with a creative manager picked by the head of the Art Department. In this case however, Mr. Kinney did request me by name, so I’m afraid the answer is yes.”


They were in the lobby. Instead of walking toward the door, however, Peter Keller went to sit on the rarely used sofa behind the reception area, where Justin had once held a distraught Brandon.


“Hi, Justin,” greeted Sarah as they passed.


“Hello, Sarah,” he replied with a smile.


“Well, how do you explain his unorthodox decision?” asked Keller.


“I had not really thought about it. It truthfully doesn’t seem like any of senior ad execs object to my being assigned to their project. From the start, they have treated me the same way they do the other three. I have a lesser load because I work less hours, that’s all. As far as Mr. Kinney’s ‘unorthodox decision’, I heard him recount your challenge to him to a mutual friend, and it sparked my imagination. I described my vision to him and he liked it, so he requested me.”


“I see. How many people does your Art Department employ?”


“Eighteen plus an intern.”


“How many are under your direct supervision?”


“Since I am only here part time it would not be feasible for me to have a permanent team. I supervise those assigned to me by our head of department at any given moment, but it’s always attached to a specific project they are working on independently, usually with Junior ad exec. I personally only work with the senior ones and I do everything myself on any given project, designing, drawing and coloring for static work, working the shot angles, the stage, the actor’s choice, the clothing for commercials with the film crew, being present during filming, and so on.”


“So you really have a unique position.”


“I never think about it. I’m not sure anyone else does either. After my internship, the Art Department really wanted me back. I guess we’ve all found a way to make it work, and it has led to a unique position.”


“You go to school part time. Why don’t you quit and work full time?”


“I have a lot to learn. And I do not think advertising is necessarily my future. I want to make my living as an artist.”


From where he was sitting, Peter Keller was almost facing Justin’s painting of New York, and had in fact been looking at it off and on ever since they had sat down.


“I see. I am very happy with the commercial, Justin. I was only curious. Please forgive my interrogation. So if I understood you correctly, there is no guarantee you will work on our next project, is there…”


“No sir. If our head of department assigned me to it, I will. But I doubt Mr. Kinney would request me again. The head of the Art Department does not like anyone interfering with his system. Truthfully, it works very, very well. We would be foolish to mess with it.”


Peter Keller got up. “Well, it was a pleasure meeting you, Justin. Good luck with your art.”


“Thank you, sir. Good bye.”


They shook hand, and Justin, a little unsure about by the whole experience, made his way back to the elevator. He had just pressed the button when Keller called out, “Justin!” And walked quickly towards him from the reception desk.


“Justin. That young lady over there told me you painted this?” He was pointing at his painting, and looked almost… upset.


Justin frowned. “Yes, I did. Is there a problem?”


Keller looked at him and shook his head. “He’s asking me if there is a problem…A problem? Look at it! It’s…It’s brilliant, man!”


“Uh… Thank you?”


“Do you have others?”


“Well, yes. As the mater of fact I have a show coming up at a gallery in The Village.”


Keller dug in his wallet and handed him a card. “Make sure you send me an invitation, OK?”


“Sure,” said Justin. “I’d be happy to…”


Keller walked toward the front door, talking to himself. “23… creative manager…”I have a show in the village”…” the door closed behind him. Justin looked at Sarah, and they both burst out laughing. He was still grinning when he got to the second floor, but did not make it out of the elevator as he was gently pushed back in by someone entering. The doors closed back up and the elevator lurched to a halt between 2 and 3.


Brian took him in his arms and kissed him until Justin’s cock was hard as a rock and pressing on his thigh.

 

 

“Hummm,” said Justin. “More, please…”


Brian smiled at him and pushed his hair back. “Where were you?”


“Keller wanted to talk to me.”


“Did he offer you a job? Did he say he wanted to fuck you?”


“No, God no. Why?”


“Because you were fucking brilliant, and you looked eminently fuckable, that’s why…” He rubbed his thigh on Justin’s cock, and said, his voice deeper, “because I’d want to hire you, and I definitely want to fuck you…”


Justin moaned. “God. Stop teasing. Do me already…”


Brian was kissing him again, his hands on Justin’s ass, grinding his own hard on against him. “Fuck… I want you.”


“Yes…”


“No…I have a client in ten, no, shit, five minutes. God, this is torture. And Sam’s looking for you too…” He was still grinding on Justin, still kissing him. “Fuck…” He pushed the button back in, and stopped the grinding reluctantly though his tongue was definitely still in Justin’s mouth when the door opened on Cynthia.


“Nice, boys, real discreet.” She stepped in and pushed Brian out. “Halloway, in less than five minutes, Brian.” The doors closed and she chuckled, looking at Justin and shaking her head. “He is so crazy in love with you. I never thought I would see him like that.”


“What, in love?”


She smiled at him. “No. Happy. You make him happy Justin. It’s a miracle really, because you know, he wasn’t unhappy before he met you. It was worse than that. He didn’t even believe in happiness. Now he molests you in elevators.” She giggled and as the door opened on the second floor, pushed Justin out. “Off to work you go, you, bad influence!”


Justin laughed. He loved Cynthia. The rest of his morning was pretty routine, except for the fact he was half hard the entire time. His hard on went away nicely during his class at Pratt. Ressecting the different layers of skin, fat and muscle covering the intestinal cavity was extremely instructive but absolutely not conducive to erotic thoughts. However, five minutes out of Gross Anatomy, he was thinking of the elevator scene again and getting hard. He called Brian.


“Kinney.”


“Hey. I forgot to tell you. I’m done with my paintings, and Jason is coming to Pratt tomorrow at eleven. You want to come to?”


“Of course. So… You’re not painting tonight?”


“No. I’m going home right now.”


“Same rules as last time?”


“What?”


“The first one there decides what we do first?”


“Oh. That rule. Brian? Brian?? Shit!” and Justin made a dash for the street, trying as hard as he could to catch the attention of an empty cab…


At nine o’clock the next morning Justin woke up, lying on his belly, to the extremely nice sensation of someone licking from his balls up with a very hot tongue. He turned over and smiled at Brian who was taking another sip of his steaming coffee.


“Hey! That was my breakfast,” said Brian.


Compliant, Justin let his knees drop open, exposing himself. Brian liked from his hole to his balls this time. The hot tongue felt fabulous. One more sip of coffee, and Justin’s cock was engulfed in heat. It felt so good. He couldn’t believe he was getting hard. They had fucked all night. He must have come seven or eight time since Brian had jumped him as he entered the loft.


He was well fucked, to say the least, and yet, he was hard again. Brian finished his last sip of coffee, sucked him again for a minute, then rolled a condom on, lubed it, and pushed himself in, an expression of utter pleasure on his face. Justin was too worn to do anything but watch him, as Brian, eyes closed, fucked him in long and leisurely strokes.


But then he opened his eyes, and there was love there, and raw lust, even after all the sex they’d had during the night, and Justin’s body responded, starting to move with Brian’s, sighing when Brian put lube on his cock, took Justin’s hand and wrapped his bigger hand around the smaller one, getting him started on pleasuring himself. Hummm. It was good.


Justin smiled at Brian who smiled back and kissed him, and then started hitting his prostate at every pass. Brian leaned down and teased his ringed nipple and then licked the other one gently. It was tender from the nipple clamp, which he had worn for a time last night. Suddenly the memory of Brian with both clamps in place writhing under him, his hands tied behind his back, woke him and his cock fully. He wrapped his legs around Brian and pulled him in deeper, his own hand accelerating on his cock, keeping in his mind the image of Brian’s expression, when, while riding his cock, Justin had occasionally gently pulled the thin chain between the clamps. Brian had come crying out his name, has removed the tie from around his own wrists by pulling on the loose end, as he knew he could do at anytime, and had rolled them over and had fucked Justin deeply, lovingly, just as he was now. Justin’s body started to tremble, last night’s exertion showing the sign of his coming orgasm even more clearly than normal. Brian looked in his eyes.


“Yes, Justin…Yes my love, come, oh, love, come for me…” and Justin did, a long shuddering orgasm which Brian accompanied with his own, “Yessss… God, yesss.”


Justin knew that the feeling he would never be able to move again would not be long lived, but it felt real nonetheless. They kissed for a while, then Brian pulled him into the shower, and he was alive again. It was Saturday. They were going to Pratt. He was going to show Brian and Jason the Brandon painting, the new one (He wasn’t sure what to call it), the Summertime one, the blue one, and the Rain Forest one. These were some of his best work ever, though he felt that way every time. He couldn’t wait. He was so excited Brian was laughing at him, but he didn’t care.

 

 

When the taxi pulled up, Jason was already there parked on the sidewalk as usual. He was on the phone when he came out of his car, but hung up quickly. He too couldn’t help but crack a smile watching Justin dancing around like a puppydog.


“Come on guys! Let’s go!” cried Justin as soon as he opened the door. They followed him, laughing. In the studio, he opened his drying cubby, and said, ”One of you get these. I need help getting the others out of my storage closet, one is 7X7. Jason walked with him to the turpentine smelling room.


“Oh my God, Justin. That’s Brandon!” Said Brian from the other room.


Justin literally jumped up and down “Yes! He can tell, he can tell!” Jason was openly laughing now. Justin opened the door…and stopped. He closed the door, looking absolutely confused. He looked at the keys in his hand, looked at the door, looked a Jason with a frown, and opened the door again.


“Jason,” he said in a voice that sounded really young, even to his own ears. “Jason, they’re gone.”


The storage closet was empty.


To be continued…

 

 

Chapter 29 - To Catch a Thief - Part 1 . by Conzieu

 

 

 

To Catch a Thief - Part 1



Brian pulled two paintings out of Justin’s cubby. One was breathtakingly beautiful, the colors and composition absolutely gorgeous. The other…


“Oh my God, Justin. That’s Brandon!” he couldn’t help but exclaim.


It was completely abstract but was as clearly a portrait of Brandon as Jessica’s had been of her. There was his strength, his grace, his humor, his physical presence, his sensuality, his loyalty, everything Brian knew and loved about the man was there, in the colors, the forms, the lines. It was truly remarkable. Brian smiled. There was no way Todd and Brandon would ever let this be sold to anyone else. Of course he would not tell Justin that because then he would just turn around and give it to them…


A minute ago there had been talking and laughter coming from the storage room. Now all was quiet. Were they having trouble getting the big ones out? After putting the two paintings on easels he joined them in the stench of turpentine. Justin and Jason turned toward him when he entered, and they had the strangest looks on their faces. Justin looked gutted, and Jason’s face was completely void of expression.


“They’re gone, Brian. All of them. Somebody took my paintings…” Brian walked to the very tall, comparatively narrow cabinet and opened the door. There were no paintings, though the smell of turpentine was strong and fresh. On the floor of the cabinet, there was a folded piece of paper. He picked it up and opened it. It looked like a bad imitation of a ransom note, the lettering cut out of a newspaper and pasted together.


He read it out loud. “You want them back, it’s going to cost you $100,000.00. Tell the police, and they burn.”


“What?” said Justin, as Jason grabbed the sheet of paper from Brian and read it aloud as well.


“I don’t have $100,000.00, you morons!” said Justin, taking the paper next.


Brian looked at Jason, who was livid. “Excuse me a moment,” Jason said, and he left the room.


Justin said to Brian, “This is ridiculous. Whoever did this is insane!” He looked so bewildered. Suddenly, coming from the corridor outside the studio was a loud scream of rage, as someone was beating or kicking something. Brian and Justin came out of the storage room wondering what was going on as Jason reentered the studio, sucking on a bloody knuckle.


“Sorry,” he said. “I have a bad temper.”


Brian made a note to himself never to piss off Jason, who still looked murderous.


Justin continued talking, “How can anyone think I could pay this much money! The paintings aren’t even worth that much!” He was standing close to Brian, and when Brian touched his waist, Justin rested his entire body against him.


Jason dismissed that. “Justin, you had what, twelve paintings in there? At an average of fifteen thousand each, that's $180,000.00. Probably more.”


“You guys paid that much because you are nuts. Nobody else would!” protested Justin.


Jason walked to the two paintings on easels. “This one we will price at seventeen,” he said about the representation of Brandon. “It is the most amazing abstract portrait, completely unique in my experience, and absolutely revolutionary in both the portrait and the abstract schools of painting. It is obviously (and why it should be obvious even to me who hardly knows him, I cannot begin to guess) your close friend and my mother’s favorite dance pupil, Brandon Bloomquist. Of course he will want to buy it. Who could blame him? And knowing you, you won’t sell it to him for what it’s worth… I’m not even sure what it’s worth.” He followed a blue line delicately with his finger. “It’s…priceless, really.”


He looked at the newest painting. “This one is the most visually beautiful thing you have ever produced. It’s Paradise, freedom, a reward, I don’t know. All these things at once. People are going to fight over it. But it’s only 4X4. We’ll price it at… 27? 30? Kinney. What do you think you’d pay for this one if you didn’t know Justin? Honestly, what would be your max?”


“It is gorgeous. And it feels…like something I’d like to feel everyday.” Brian kissed Justin hair. “I don’t know. To be able to own it, to own that feeling…$40,000.00?”


“Exactly. But of course, you’ve got money to spare. I think 27 is good. That New Years’ Eve one you did a while back, with the celebrating, the friendship, the sex, another great one, another easy sell. 20 I think.” Jason looked at Justin. Whoever took the paintings was no fool, Justin. One would pay $100,000.00 to get them back without hesitation.”


Justin sat down on a stool abruptly, looking forlorn. “At this point, they are only worth what I am able to pay. And it’s nowhere near that much. I simply don’t have that kind of money. You’re going to have to call the gallery and cancel the expo.”


Brian and Jason exchanged a look. Both knew Brian had that kind of money and would happily give it to get the paintings back, but they also knew that now was not the time to discuss the issue with Justin. Instead Jason said, “I’m not calling the Gallery. You have three in Pittsburgh, these two, that’s five. I have one, Kinney has four, and your company has one, that’s six, so eleven. Your newlywed friends have one…”


“Brandon has one and Daphne has one. That’s three more. We can probably borrow the Face of God from Sydney Bloom. Four,” added Brian helpfully.


“So that's fifteen. You have three weeks to paint two more. No matter what, you are doing the expo.”


“But I thought you said he wouldn’t take more than four privately owned ones.”


“What choice will he have when we explain to him what happened? You can, exceptionally, give him a percentage of any commission you get from the expo or a higher percentage from the sale of the seven you will have for sale. Galleries do not expect to sell more than half of what they show. He’s expecting to sell only six or seven anyway, if you show seventeen, four of them privately owned. Of course, if you don’t sell everything with a price tag, I’ll eat my Porsche, starting with the tires. So it’s still a win for him, Justin. Believe me. Even under these conditions, Bryce Kindall would not be doing us any favors. He will be begging for me to let him put on your next show.“


“Jason, I don’t understand,” said Justin, honestly. “How did my paintings go from 800 to 2000 dollars at Christmas to 12 to 27000 dollars three months later? It makes no sense whatsoever.”


“First of all, in Pittsburgh, even after I convinced your friend to double your prices, your paintings were grossly underpriced. She needed to multiply her original prices by ten, not two… But there would have been no way for me to convince her of that.

 

 

“Then, you refuse to read the reviews, so what can I tell you? It’s actually amazing how many critics Sydney is able to attract to his Podunk town every year. His expo, and more specifically you, had very positive reviews in Aesthetica, in Art Forum, and in Art in America. Jerry Saltz, the art critic for New York Magazine, actually wrote a small, incredibly flattering article about your paintings.


“Modern Art Notes had a feature about “The Face of God”, Sally Ballinger actually calling it the most amazing piece of art she had seen in a while. The New Art Examiner out of Chicago had a picture of Essengy as leader for their article, and though it was about the whole expo, it might as well have been about you personally for all the two lines the other artists got to share after they were done singing your praises.


“And of course there was that byline from Erica Boher, from Revolutionart. She called “You’re No Son of Mine” amazing, powerful, and the single most important piece of contemporary art in 2005, and she usually hates everything. When her article came out, there were dozens of letters to the editor, wanting to see the painting since she had not included a photo of it. Turns out Harold Compos, the art dealer, owns it. He no doubt plans on reselling it in a few years, and making a huge profit. He charged them more than he paid for the painting for the photo. They lambasted his greedy ass, but they paid… They put the photo in the response to the letters to the editor, and got a mountain of mail asking for a bigger picture, which they published in the last issue, on the last page.


“You are big news, Justin, and I haven’t even had to do anything yet. They are all waiting for your expo. Bryce cannot believe his luck. I had to work to convince him to take you on originally, but since then all this has come up. He’s been walking around with a hard on for two months now.”


Jason sat down on a stool next to Justin. “It never occurred to me that something like this might happen. More fool me. I should have taken all your paintings into my vault as soon as they dried. I thought you were safe here, in your cocoon of academia. I have had a ton of inquiries about you and have answered nothing, keeping, I thought, everyone in the dark. If anyone googles you, the articles come up, some gallery in LA comes up, Sydney’s expo comes up, but there is absolutely nothing about you personally.” He put his hand on Justin’s shoulder, apologetically. “I was hoping to keep it that way, keep your privacy intact at least for a while longer. Obviously, someone’s found you. I’m sorry, Justin.”


Brian had had no idea all this had been going on. He did not follow the art world at all. Suddenly, the theft made a lot more sense, though it also took on a more sinister aura. Also, he wanted Justin to succeed, but he certainly had had no idea Justin was becoming a celebrity in the art world. He wasn’t sure how he felt about that, at all. Justin was his. He did not want to share with all these people who were going to want a piece of him…


He shook himself mentally. He was being stupid and selfish. It’s not as if the hot news of the art world became front page in People magazine. But they definitely had to keep this whole theft thing under wraps. This was something that kind of magazine would eat up, especially when the artist was young, talented, and as gorgeous as Justin was.


“Jason?” said Justin. “I’m glad people are excited about my art, but I don’t want to become some kind of celebrity. Thanks for not giving out information about me. What are the chances we can keep people out of my private life?”


Brian just wanted to kiss him.


Jason smiled at him. “We will do our best. It won’t be easy. After the show, we can announce you moved to a private secluded island in North Carolina…”


Justin laughed. Brian was glad. Apparently, learning about his status as hot new artist was distracting him a little from what had happened. Brian had to keep himself under control, at least as long as Justin was around. But someone had taken something from Justin. Someone had put that gutted look Justin had had on his face. That someone was going to pay, and pay dearly.


Lilah walked in, singing to herself. “Oh! Hi everybody!” She walked to the paintings and said, to no one in particular. “Isn’t this the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?” She was talking about the newest painting. Then she added, “Well of course there’s Summertime. It’s gorgeous too. And god, The Rainforest…and the blue one. She giggled. “They’re all gorgeous, aren’t they…?” She turned to Justin. “Did you see the hole someone punched in the wall out there? Justin? What’s wrong?”


She had innocently reminded Justin of what he had lost, and he looked so sad Brian wanted to weep.


“Somebody took my paintings, Lilah. Except for these two, which were in my drying cubby, they’re all gone. All of them.”


Lilah looked horrified. “Oh, Justin! Why would they do that? When? There is always someone here, and you need the code to get in! And the student ID… And your paintings are so big! Someone would notice! Did they break the lock?”


Brian thought these were all great questions… How the fuck do you walk away with a 7X7 painting?


“No. The lock was intact. They used a key.”


“Aside from you and me, who has your keys?”


“No one else.”


Brian had to ask. “Lilah, why do you have Justin’s keys?”


It was Justin who answered. “I have Lilah’s. It’s in case we forget them at home, or lose them. Lilah has all of our keys, from the brownstone. She is here a lot, and she never loses anything.”


“Do you have them here, Lilah?”


“Yes. In my bag.” She started digging, getting out sets of keys. “Petunia’s, Phuong’s, Rory’s, Andrew’s, James’, Dean’s, Cassie’s…” she dug some more, then turned her bag over, pens, Kleenex packs, wallet, different makeup items, change, subway tokens, her phone, a paperback, a pack of gum, three CDs and even a tampon falling out. She looked up, her face stricken. “Yours are gone, Justin. Oh my God. Someone got your keys from my bag and stole your paintings!”


Jason was looking at the pile of keys. “How do you know which are whose?” he asked, puzzled.


“From the key chains. I got them from this junk store on Roosevelt. The apple, that’s Washington. These are Andrew’s. The little iron from the monopoly game? That’s Phuong’s. You know? Chinese laundry? Of course she’s from Vietnam, but her parents have a laundromat. She thinks it’s funny. The edelweiss is Pete’s, petunia is his nickname, and any flower would have done. The portrait of Shakespeare is for Cassandra’s, obviously. The cup of coffee is Rory’s, because of that TV show Gilmore Girls? The daughter is called Rory and she and her mom drink huge cups of coffee all the time. The big bolt is for James. You know, Henri James, the Turn of the Screw. And this is Jerry Lewis, for Dean, obviously.”


“Some of these associations are pretty farfetched. How would someone know besides you whose are which? What was on Justin’s?” asked Brian.


Lilah blushed bright red and Justin cracked up. “Shut up, Justin. His is Tinkerbell,” she answered.


“From Peter Pan?” said Jason. “Why?”


Justin answered, still smiling. “She’s a fairy…”


Lilah turned to him and cried, hitting him on the arm. “Stop it, Justin! You know it’s not even why. It’s because Justin looks about twelve, and obviously,” she hit him again, “acts about twelve, on occasion. He’s like Peter Pan. He never ages. But he’s been saying it’s because he’s gay every time it comes up. You are such a jerk,” she added, to him.


“Sorry, Lilah. You know I’m just teasing,” said Justin. “But I bet you that’s how whoever took my keys knew they were mine. They must have known I’m gay, and thought, Tinkerbell! The fairy!”


Brian did not want to make Lilah feel bad, but he would have bet good money that was true. Still. He wasn’t sure he would have known which set was Justin’s if presented with all of them.


“When could someone have gotten into your bag?” he asked.


“Gosh, anytime. I mean, at home obviously. I leave my bag downstairs with the coats, but here, too. We are constantly dumping our bags and leaving them alone. Everybody does it. At the cafeteria. Everybody just leave his or her bags by the door. Here at the studio. The only reason I brought it in is that my CDs are in there, and I want some music. When the whole class is in here, you don’t want your bag around. We all just hang them outside with our coats. My wallet’s in there. Everybody has stuff that could be stolen, their phone, their MP3, whatever. We all just trust each other. It’s part of the Pratt culture. Nobody ever has anything taken. It would be anathema, you know?”


“It’s true. I leave my bag with my wallet, my keys, everything, all the time. The only thing I have with me all the time since the beginning of the year is my phone.” Justin smiled at Brian, who realized his request for Justin to be reachable at all times was the only reason for that exception. He smiled back, relieved nonetheless that the loft’s security was completely keyless. He would not have liked to learn the keys to his home relied on “the Pratt culture” for safety.


“I wonder when the paintings were taken,” said Justin. “I put Summertime in there on Sunday, and they were all there. And I painted Wednesday, and Thursday.”


Brian had been wondering when they were taken as well, and if Pratt had security cameras. Someone would need a van to transport them. If they knew when, maybe they could get a view of the van. He hadn’t noticed any cameras in the building, but then again, he had not looked for them…But after hearing the little tidbit about the Pratt culture of trust, he doubted there was any security inside the building.


“I was here Monday night, really late, with Cassie. I know Rory was still here when I left Thursday night at almost ten,” said Lilah. “Anyway, it would be way more difficult after hours. You need the code to enter the side door, you have to leave your ID, and you never know who’s going to be here, and if they know you... If I had to do it, I’d do it during the week, in the mornings, while you’re at work.”


That was good thinking. This was an art school. People walking around with paintings would not be so unusual, and the way to the front door was a straight shot from here.


“But there are classes here every morning,” objected Justin.


“Yes, but even when there are classes going on people go in and out,” remarked Lilah.


“Two people? Carrying out twelve paintings? You’d think someone would object!”


“Not if they said they were from the Bryce Kindall Gallery, picking them up for your expo, and had the keys to your cabinet, they wouldn’t.”


“You’re right,” said Jason. “I bet a lot of people know you have an exposition coming up.”


“I was here on Monday, with Clark, for my acrylic class. Dean has beginning painting here on Tuesday mornings. Rory and Petunia are in that horrid pigment seminar you took last year on Wednesday mornings. Friday, Cassie’s in here for Reproduction of Masters. All of us know your paintings. All of us would raise a major stink if they came by one by one on their way out the door, without you or Mr. Kintzer there, I think. Plus you told Rory and me that you had two more weeks to add more, because they weren’t going to the gallery until the twenty-second, and that if you had more you’d have to pick which ones to take with Mr. Kintzer's help. You are at Pratt every afternoon. Someone would have to have some serious balls to steal your paintings when you’re in attendance. So that leaves Thursday morning. Advance oil, with Davenport. You took that last year, right?”


“Yes,” said Justin, obviously deep in thought about what she had just said. Brian was impressed. She was sharp. Her reasoning might be wrong, but at least she was trying to think things through logically.


“Do you still have his number?” she asked.


“Uh? Oh, Davenport’s number. No. I lost it when my old phone died. Rory was with me in that though. Maybe he does.” Justin was deep in thought again. Brian wondered what it was he was thinking of.


Lilah was already dialing.


“The fact that they used this young lady’s set of keys makes things a lot more personal,” Jason told him. “I was thinking it could be any art fan, who knew Justin was a hot commodity, but listening to her think out loud, even if she’s wrong, shows that the thief would have had to be very familiar with Pratt, and with Justin’s friends. It makes it more likely, sadly, that it’s another student here. Or a close friend or acquaintance of Justin’s ex-roommates…”


“I don’t know. You’ve seen the keypad downstairs. It’s completely exposed. Any weekend, it would take five minutes of watching to get the code to enter, and I bet it registers the student ID only. It does not check it against an actual roster of students. You could enter any eight-digit number and get in. Do it Sunday night at midnight, and you could take a break and have a cigarette halfway through, because there would be no one here.”


“I’m going to go try it,” said Jason. “You’re right about the code. I’ve been here four times and I know it. They don’t even change it. 3895. I’ll be back.” He was out the door, as Lilah started explaining to her roommate Rory why they needed Davenport’s number. He obviously had his own theories, because they talked for a long time.


Justin snapped out of his reverie, and looked at Brian with eyes so distraught it made him ache to hold him. He wasn’t sure what Justin needed though, closeness or space. Justin solved his dilemma by getting up and stepping into his arms. Brian held his Sunshine tightly, realizing he had needed to do so very much. His heart ached for Justin. Each of his paintings was a piece of his heart and soul. He could not even pretend to comprehend what Justin must be feeling.


Jason walked in. Brian had obviously been right. Any phony student number would let you in with the code. Lilah was still talking.


“Do you have Davenport’s number? Yes… Thanks…” She wrote something down. “Well that’s the only morning that one of us isn’t in here… Yes, Cassie, for Masters… He wouldn’t?... Are you sure? Ask him…” She waited for a short while. “…See, I told you. He may not know Justin, but he hears us talk about him all the time. He would know Justin wasn’t done with the seventeen paintings, and that they couldn’t be picking them up already, especially… What?... Why?... What the hell, he’s not even legal yet… Well, did you give him hell?... Just one beer? No way! He’s a big guy! And he’s had a couple at the house and was just fine… That’s just weird… yeah. Stevens… I have it somewhere… Yeah… Thanks, Rory.”


Justin took a deep breath and turned in Brian's embrace, facing his friend, but obviously having no intention of stepping away out of Brian’s arms.


“I have Davenport’s number. You want to make the call?” asked Lilah.


“Sure,” said Justin, getting his phone out. Lilah gave him the gum wrapper she had jotted the number on.


“Why do you guys have your teachers’ private numbers?” asked Jason, puzzled.


“Well, we’re not supposed to abuse it, but it’s part of Pratt’s policy of total support to the student. We work alone off hours, and if we need advice, they are available. I don’t think anyone ever calls, really. But we could,” explained Justin, dialing.


Brian was impressed by the dedication it represented on the teachers’ parts. This really was an amazing school.


“Professor Davenport? This is Justin Taylor… I’m fine sir… Well, this is not a painting question, actually, though I appreciate your not pointing out to me that I haven’t been your student for a year… My paintings were taken out of my cabinet… yes, stolen… thanks… that’s what I’m trying to figure out… Exactly… Yes, probably…No? OK then. Thanks for your help… Thanks. Bye.” Justin sighed as he closed up his phone.


“Well, that’s that. Nobody removed any paintings from the studio on Thursday morning. He did say that if they had come and said they were from the gallery, and they had my keys, he probably would not have batted an eye when they took them out… So at least we were right about that.”


Justin sounded defeated. Once again, Brian wondered about video surveillance of the parking lot. He wanted to go talk to campus security as soon as they left there.


“We need to call Stevens too,” said Lilah. “Apparently Dean went out with Andrew and that jerk Aidan on Monday night, and he got falling down drunk. So Dean was too hung over on Tuesday to come to class. He was puking his guts out all day. Being a good big brother, Rory stayed home with him. I’ll call her. You never had to take that class since you transferred with all those painting credits.”


She scrolled her phone book, and pressed Talk. ‘Well, I guess it can’t hurt,’ thought Brian.


“Good afternoon, Professor Stevens. I don’t know if you remember me. My name is Lilah…” she giggled. “Yes m’am. I guess my hair does make an impression… Titian? I thought his were more Venetian blondes than carrot tops…” she laughed. “Exactly!... Well, this is going to sound weird but did someone come to get some paintings out of storage during your class?”


She suddenly sat up, tense. “Yes?... The Bryce Kindall gallery?... Justin Taylor, yes… I know, it’s amazing. He is so gifted. I paint with him all the time… You did?... Yes, I know. I call it “Summertime”though I’m not sure what he will actually call it… Yes. Total, carefree happiness, that’s right… I know… I know… Well, I guess you are going to hate to hear this, but they were not really from the gallery. His paintings were stolen…”


She pulled the phone slightly away from her ear, making a face, as Professor Stevens apparently had a hissy fit on the line. “Uhu…Yes, I’m sure… Yes… But… of course not!... I’m sure… No! No no no… Yes.” Lilah put her phone on speaker mode and put it down. The Professor’s voice sounded thin and far away, but was perfectly clear.


“…There were two men. One young , tall with acne, who spoke English well, and one older with a grey mustache who did not seem to speak English at all. They wore white overalls, and white baseball caps. They were very sweet and polite, apologizing for disrupting my class, which they weren’t really because I was done lecturing and everyone was painting. Oh, god. I took them to the storage area myself. What an idiot! They had his keys, though! and they knew which storage cabinet it was, counting fourteen from the wall.”


“Professor Stevens? My name is Jason Kintzer…”


“The Jason Kintzer?”


“I guess so… I am Justin Taylor’s agent…”


“I am so sorry. God, please tell him I didn’t know! I am so excited for him. I tripped over myself helping these people! I am so, so sorry…”


Justin said, “Professor? This is Justin. There was no way for you to know…”


“Oh! Justin. I am so sorry…”


“Really. You could not have known. Can you answer a few more questions?”


“Anything. Anything I can do to help. Your big painting? Summertime Lilah called it? Oh my god, Justin. I had them stop and show it to the class. It’s… it’s…just breathtaking. Absolutely beautiful. And you can feel it, in your soul… After they left we bagged the painting and just talked about it… I’m sorry. I do go on, don’t I. What do you want to know?”


Jason rolled his eyes comically and asked, “Do you know what language the men were speaking?”


“Hm. Not Russian or Polish. My grandparents spoke both and it was different… but some Eastern European language. Czech? Croatian? I have no clue. But they were Catholic, I think, because when we were all looking at that painting, the older man said something and crossed himself, and the young one translated. He said his grandfather hoped this was a picture of heaven, because this was what he wanted it to be like. And I could only agree…”


Brian said, “They did not seem in a hurry, or worried in any way?”


“No, not at all. After a while they said they had to go because Mr. Kindall expected them at the gallery’s warehouse and it might take a while to get to Queens with traffic, and they picked up the painting and left.”


“Thanks, Professor.”


“I’ll be happy to talk to the police…”


“They left a note in my cabinet, Professor. It says that if I call the police they will burn the paintings. So we’re just not going to call the police just yet. But thanks for your help.”


“I’m so sorry, Justin…”


“Don’t worry about it. We’ll get them back. It might be just a prank,” said Justin, obviously trying hard to make her feel better.


“Oh, I hope so! Do invite me to your show, please?”


“I’ll be glad to… Bye, Professor.”


They were all quiet for a while. The theft had occurred on Tuesday morning. Brian’s mind was going in fifteen different directions at once. He needed to think more calmly, but he was too upset to do so, too concerned with Justin’s well being to be rational. He wasn’t sure why, but at this point he wanted to get out of the studio.


“Are you ready to go home, Justin?”


“What time are we meeting Steven and Scott?” Justin asked.


Brian had almost forgotten about that. “We are meeting them at a place called Soho Billiards at eight-thirty.”


“Do you mind if I stay here and paint? I could be home before seven-thirty, so there’ll plenty of time to get ready. I really kind of need to, right now.”


Brian wasn’t sure. On one hand, he would be able to strategize what he wanted to do about this better without Sunshine around, on the other hand he hated to leave him, somehow craving contact with him.


“Come on, Kinney. Let the man paint. I’ll give you a ride home,” said Jason.


Brian got the distinct impression Jason wanted to talk to him alone, which was perfectly fine. “Thanks. I’ll take you up on that offer. Let me say goodbye to Justin, and I’ll be right down.”


Jason could take a hint. “Justin, I’m taking these. Fool me once and all that… Don’t fret. It will all work out in the end. I’ll talk to you soon.”


“See you later, Jason. Bye.” Justin turned to Lilah, who was readying her paints. “You’ll be here till seven, won’t you?” he asked.


“At least. Max’s out of town. What else am I going to do? You never take me out anymore…” the last said with a pathetic look. Justin chuckled, and Brian was really grateful to Lilah for being such a great friend.


“I’ll walk you out,” said Justin, and Brian smiled when, after leaving the studio, they went in the opposite direction to the door. There was a hole in the wall where a fist had gone right through the plasterboard. Brian and Justin looked at each other.


“Let’s remember to always be nice to Jason,” said Justin.


“Let’s. We like Jason to be happy,” Brian answered, and they laughed for a while, longer than the silliness warranted, but unable to stop themselves.


They walked into an empty classroom, and leaning on a desk, Brian took Justin in his arms. It felt so good to just hold him. Justin looked up at him.


“I’m all right, Brian. I mean, I’m upset, obviously, and pissed off, and confused, and whatever, but the bottom line is that I’m all right. You love me, Gus loves me. We have great friends, we are all healthy, the rest is just icing on the cake, you know?”


Justin’s blue eyes were clear, his expression earnest. He really meant this. And he was right, of course. Brian lovingly traced his eyebrow, his cheekbone… Brian wished he had that kind of strength, to remember the things in his life that made it a blessing when something unfair and awful happened to him. But he was not Justin. Once he had his heel on the neck of the person responsible for this, he would find the ability to be grateful. But not before… He did love the fact that Justin had automatically included Gus’ love at the top of his list. He thought about Justin being officially Gus’s second Dad, of marrying this beautiful, talented, generous man he was so in love with, and he smiled to him.


Justin smiled back, that heartbreakingly beautiful loving smile of his, and Brian kissed him, just needing the intimacy of it. Justin sighed and kissed him back, lovingly, sweetly, their tongues gently caressing each other. There was the long beep of a car horn, and they parted, chuckling.


“We must not make Jason mad,” said Justin.


“We want a happy, happy Jason,” replied Brian.


They walked back to the Studio, and smiled at each other.


“Later,”


“Later.”


Brian sat in the Porsche’s passenger seat. Jason was on the phone, conducting business, but started the engine nonetheless.


“I want to go to campus security,” said Brian.


Jason nodded in acknowledgement, and started his GPS, entering Pratt/Campus security with one hand, speaking on the phone held against his ear by his shoulder, and driving off the sidewalk, going deeper into campus. The GPS was very good, already highlighting the way. They were there in about five minutes, Jason parking in a spot that said, “Campus security vehicle only” and turning off the engine. He finished his conversation and hung up.


“If they have video surveillance, how are you going to convince them to show you the tape?”


Brian did not know yet, but he was not worried. “I’ll figure something out…”


They went in. There was a young woman sitting behind a desk, filing paperwork, dressed as a campus cop. Not ideal, but it could have been worse. It could have been a straight guy. Brian said to Jason, “Let me try this my way, OK?” Jason shrugged.


The young woman looked up. Brian turned on the Kinney charm. Please, god, let her not be a lesbian. He approached the desk, smiling at her all the way. Luckily, she was kind of cute, and would not be suspicious of his flirting.


“Hi,” he said, extending his hand. “My name is Brian Kinney. This is my assistant, Jason Kintzer.” He got a card out of his wallet. “I am an Advertizing Executive for Plexus Advertizing.” He waited a moment, expectantly.

 

 

“Oh. Cathy West. Campus Security.”


Brian flashed her a warm grin. “We are filming a commercial for a new fragrance aimed at college age young women. As I’m sure you would have guessed, there is a kissing scene involved, and we thought it would be cute if it was caught on a campus security camera, you know, to add visual interest, showing some of it live, so to speak, and some of it on a campus security monitor.” Brian was giving her his special, 'You have captured my attention in more ways than one, I have been waiting for someone like you all my life' look. Surely if he could convince a trick to take a nine and a quarter inch cock up his ass after giving him head with that look, he could convince a young female to give him some advice…


The young campus cop smiled. “That does sounds cute. It’s not raunchy, is it?” She was crinkling her nose in distaste. That meant ‘I am a nice girl, you will have to buy me flowers and romance me before we fuck.’


Brian smiled an intimate smile. “No, no. Not at all. It’s actually ridiculously romantic,” and the smile meant, 'I call it ridiculously romantic because I have to, being a guy, but I love it, because inside, I am ridiculously romantic…’


The young woman was charmed. “How can I help you?”


Brian shook himself a little, as if he was remembering why he was there, and deciding to get business out of the way before asking her out. “Well, for the scene to be convincing, we need an accurate visual of a video surveillance room on a college campus, and I was hoping you could show me yours.”


“I’d be glad to,” said she, smiling. She obviously understood he had to take care of this business matter, but that they both knew there would be a more personal discussion before the end. She put a sign on the desk, “BE BACK IN 5”, took her walky-talky and walked down a short corridor to a room that said Monitoring.


Jason shook his head at Brian, and rolled his eyes. Brian smirked at him. Cathy knocked on the door. The room was small, with a bank of twelve video monitors, a computer, a control panel, two desk chairs and a gangly guy doing an architectural sketch.


“This is Jasper,” she said to Brian. He is a work-study student, and is supposed to watch the monitors, not do his homework.


“C’mon, Cath… there’s, like, nothing happening.”


“Nonetheless…” she said, with a significant look.


Jasper sighed and put his sketchpad in his bag.


“Do you mind if I ask Jasper here a couple of questions? I don’t want to keep you away from your desk too long… as long as you’ll be there when we head out, so we can say goodbye.”


Cathy smiled at him. “I am not supposed to leave for more than a few minutes. Ask Jasper anything; I’m sure he will be grateful to you for alleviating his boredom. I’ll see you on your way out.” She picked up Jasper’s bag with a phony smile. “I’ll keep that upfront for you, Jasp. I wouldn’t want you to become distracted…” She walked out.


“Bitch,” said Jasper, without much venom. Then he said to Brian, “This is the most fucking boring job on earth. Please, ask any question you want before my brain dry rots, and my head falls off.”


“You could always jerk off,” remarked Brian.


Jasper guffawed. “Now, there’s an idea…”


Brian sat down in the extra chair. “So. Do you have cameras in the buildings?”


“No. Pratt prides itself on the respect of privacy of the teachers and students, and of it’s own culture of trust. We have like, no thefts. It’s actually pretty cool.”


“What do you monitor then?”


“The campus entrances, the public areas, building entrances, parking lots. At night, we monitor the walkways so girls can feel safe. 47% of the students are housed here at Pratt, and the majority of them female. We rarely have any problems.”


“Is it just live monitoring, or do you have tapes?”


“It’s taped, and is kept a week. So right now, the history goes back to last Saturday at this time, and it erases last week’s record as the new record is taped. Well not tapes, really. It’s all digital, you know?”


“So you could recall any event that happened this past week then.”


“Yes. Of course, NOTHING ever happens…” Jasper grinned.


“Could you show me the entrance to the Fine Arts building on Tuesday morning, around, say, ten?”


“Sure.” Jasper typed some commands on the computer keyboard, and the entrance to the building appeared, filmed from across the street. A white van was parked in front. “Ooooh, look, how exciting! Illegal parking!” said Jasper.

 

 

“Can you speed it up until you see guys with white overalls coming out?”

 

 

“Sure.”


At 10:17AM, two guys appeared carrying what looked like a …4X6 probably.


“Can you get closer?”


“It’s useless, the resolution is really low.” He did it anyway, and true enough, you really couldn’t make out the faces any better when you zoomed on them.


The guys went back into the building, and Jasper sped things up until 10:33AM when the guys came out again, this time with a 7X7. They closed the back of the van, got in and drove off. At no point from this angle could you see the license plates.


“Jasper, can you show us a view from a camera placed so we could see the license plates?


“Hm. Yeah. But as they enter, not as they leave.”


He sped the image backwards, the men running into the building with paintings, then walking backwards to their van, and leaving in reverse. The clock said 9:23AM. They had been in the building for over an hour, leisurely stealing Justin’s art.


Jasper typed something on the keyboard, and they were now facing the entrance to the campus. He started at 9:15, and sped forward. At 9:19AM a van arrived at the turn, blinker on, waiting for traffic to clear. At 9:20, it came in and faced the camera. When it got as close as possible, Jasper froze the frame.


The license plate was perfectly clear: ACX 7518. He backed up a little, and when the car was passing in the quick shadow of the red light’s support, the face of first the driver, and then the passenger were seen clearly, before they were hidden away again by the sun’s reflection.


He typed some more and three sheets came out of the printer. One with the plate, and each of the others with a face. He folded them in four and handed them to Brian.


“I have no idea how you got Cathy to let me show you this. I certainly did NOT give you printed stills of these images, since you are not law enforcement, and don’t have a warrant. It did look to me that those guys absconded with paintings they did not create, and that does not sit well with me. Whatever’s going on, good luck. Here is my cell number. I doubt you’ll be able to get back in here again, but if you need any help, I’ll do what I can.”


“Thanks, Jasper.”


“See you.”


In the corridor, Brian said to Jason, “Dial my cell phone. As soon as I start talking to her, press send, OK?”


Jason got out his phone and complied. Back in the main room, Brian approached Cathy’s desk with a smile.


“Thank you for that. It was exactly what I needed. Say, now that…” His phone rang. “Excuse me a minute, won’t you?” He flipped his phone open. “Kinney... Yes… Definitely… They’re on their way right now?... I’m thirty minutes away. Keep them entertained, I’ll be there as soon as I can… Yes! … Of course we can…”


Brian took a Campus security pamphlet from a pile and put it on Cathy’s desk, miming writing something. She smiled, and wrote down her phone number. He looked at it, smiled at her and put it in his pocket, continuing his one-way fake conversation on the phone until he and Jason were back in the car. Jason was laughing as they left the campus.


“Kinney, you are awful. That poor girl is going to sit by the phone every night for a week.”


Brian shrugged. “She was pretty cute. I’m quite sure she has other options… I needed the information we got. It seemed the most expedient way to get it. Sue me.”


“Am I right in assuming that you will gladly fork out the hundred grand when the time comes?” asked Jason.


Brian did not even bother answering. “The only problem will be to get Justin to take the money.”


“Make it a loan. With monthly payments and interest. He’ll repay you after the expo, I’m sure. I am truthfully expecting him to sell absolutely everything. The paintings are beautiful, so there will be a lot of private sales, but dealers are going to bet on his star rising high, and will pick up the cheapest ones, probably the ones from Pittsburgh. Even after my cut and Bryce’s commission, he’ll probably net $150-160,000.00.”


“I hope he’ll take a loan. He might have some objection to borrowing from me, though. Our unequal financial situation is a touchy subject for him.”


“I’ll tell my mother about the ‘artnapping’ and the ‘ransom’. I won’t have to say anything more. You know how she is, she will have everything figured out in two minutes flat. She will know Justin might not take even a loan from you, and I’m sure she can make him an offer he can’t refuse. She’s scary like that, my mother…”


They were driving into a garage under a building and soon parking in the most convenient spot in the garage, right next to the elevators. On the wall in front of the car it said, Reserved. Jason Kintzer. He opened the door and got out, walking to the rear of the car.


“Take one, I’ll take the other,” he said to Brian, as he opened the trunk. The paintings were carefully wrapped in some cloth lined foamy material, which apparently Jason had in his trunk at all times. Brian carefully pulled the top painting out of the wrapping. It was Brandon. Jason grabbed the other, closed the trunk, set his alarm and called the elevator.


He deactivated a different alarm before entering his agency, and once in his own private office opened the storage closet Brian had seen before and placed both paintings inside. “Too little too late,” he said. “Oh, well.” He looked at Brian. “Now what?”


“Now, you figure out which central or eastern European country is Catholic, while I give a friend of Justin’s a call.”


Without annoying questions, Jason went to work on the internet. Brian looked up Detective Hamill’s direct number.


“Detective Hamill speaking.”


“Hello, Detective. This is Brian Kinney, Justin T…”


“Please don’t tell me your little boyfriend send a big bad guy to the hospital again!”


Brian chuckled. “No, ma’am. Not that I know of. I am calling to ask you a hypothetical question. Do you have a minute?”


“I have a shitload of reports to write. You bet I have a minute. Ask away…”


“I am asking you this hypothetical question, because of your professional knowledge. This is definitely not a police matter. In this hypothetical situation, police involvement would have disastrous consequences, you understand.”


“Oooo-Kay. Completely hypothetical, definitely no police involvement. Got ya.”


“Say a young man is an artist. A painter perhaps. He is getting ready for his first expo, and all his paintings get taken for ransom. Say his boyfriend manages, through underhanded, potentially illegal means, to obtain the license plate of the van in which the paintings were taken. How could he find out details about the van?”


“Well, if the hypothetical young man had someone in the police force amongst his acquaintances, someone who liked him a lot and had admired his paintings previously, the boyfriend could call that acquaintance and give him or her the plate number. Then the boyfriend would get a phone call back a while later with information that might prove useful to him.”


“Let’s say the plate number was… ACX7518 from New York, and the van was white. Would that be all the information the friend of the young artist would need?”


“Yes. Yes it would.”


“Well thank you, detective. I believe this answers my hypothetical question. Thank you for your time.”


“You are welcome, Mr. Kinney.”


Jason was looking at Brian when he hung up.


“What?” asked Brian.


“You are a resourceful man, Kinney.”


Brian told him the simple truth. “I am getting these paintings back, no matter what it takes, whether it’s $100,000.00, or me pulling every string I can. And if I can find out who did this to Justin, I intend on making sure they won’t ever dare to even think about him again.”


Jason nodded in understanding. “I cross referenced recent immigration data with the three main Catholic countries in northern and central Europe. Croatia seems like your best bet, followed by Slovenia and Slovakia. I also googled the Croatian Catholic Churches in New York City. I’m assuming that's where you were going with this. Here are the phone numbers.”


“Exactly. Thanks.” Brian dialed the first number. He was given details about service times, catechism classes, AA meetings, and English as a second language classes, everything repeated in a foreign language. Then after everything else was a direct contact number for the church’s secretary. He hung up, and dialed.


“Sts. Cyril & Methodius, this is Sue, how can I help you?”


“Hello, Sue. I have a small moving job to man for my company, and a friend of mine recently, last Tuesday I think, hired two workers who I think may belong to your church, a tall young man and his grandfather. The grandfather did not speak English at all, but the young man did. They transported some paintings for him, and he was very complimentary. He doesn’t have their names though. Does that ring any bells?”


“Gosh… no, not really. You know, people who want to help recent Croatian immigrants by offering them small, unqualified jobs actually usually call the Croatian Alliance. It is located in the basement of St. Raphael. Why don’t you give them a call?”


She gave him the number.  He dialed.


“A tall young man and his grandfather? Hm. No, that doesn’t ring a bell. They didn’t come from us or belong to St. Raphael's. Did you try St Cyril & Methodius?”


Brian sighed. He was drawing a blank. Jason passed him a piece of paper with another number for Our Lady of Vilnius Lithuanian church community support.


“There are a lot of different churches, but apparently that’s where new immigrants can get help,” he explained.


Brian dialed, and gave his spiel.


“Oh, yes. Bryce Kindall, was it? Nice of him to recommend them. It was the Mostiets, Matas and his grandfather, Carolus. Fine people. I’ll just give you Matas’ phone number. You might want to actually meet to talk about the details of the job. His English is fair, but it is a lot harder for him to understand telephone conversations than face-to-face ones. You know how that goes…”


Brian looked at the phone number in his hand. These men were honest people, new immigrants trying to make a buck. They obviously had had no idea they were stealing the paintings, taking their time, letting the class look at Summertime, admiring it themselves. He felt bad for them. He called the number.


“Alo?”


“Matas Mostiet?”


“Yes?”


“I have a job for you. Can we meet?”


“Oh, yes please! Where?”


“Where are you?”


“Chelsea, at the Lithuanian Alliance Hostel”


“When would you like to meet?


“Now? Now is good, no?”


“Sure. Now is great.”


“There is a pizza restaurant? Pizza Suprema? 413 8th Avenue? Is easy to find. I wait there now?”


“We can be there in … twenty minutes.”


“I go now. I wait.”


“Ok. See you there.”


“Good, good. Very good.”


Brian hung up and sighed. “Now, for this guy, I feel bad. He is so eager for a job. Shit.”


“I wonder if he can circulate with a tray of champagne. I seem to recall my mother mentioning a party at her house the day before the gallery opening, and maybe needing a couple of extra hands…” He smiled at Brian who dialed Jessica’s number on the way back to the Porsche.


“Boxer and Digger Funeral Homes.”


Brian chuckled. “Nice one, Mrs. Hammon. You have caller ID, I hope?”


Jessica laughed. “Maybe...”


“Could your staff use the help of a couple of untrained but willing hands for the party?”


“Actually, yes. Brook was asking for some busing and plunging help. We need a couple of people apparently.”


“Not anymore. I have some very eager workers I can hire for the occasion.”


“Fabulous. I’ll tell Brook. Just make sure they are freshly showered with impeccably clean fingernails, or Marthe will have a fit…”


“I will mention that. What time should they be there?”


“Hold on.” Brian was treated to 'Don’t Cry', by Guns 'n Roses as he waited patiently.


“Brian? 3:00PM. She mentioned the fingernails again…”


Brian laughed. “Clean fingernails. Check. All right. Thanks, Jess… Mrs. Hammon.”


“Have I not given you permission to call me by my first name, Brian?”


“I honestly can’t recall.”


“Well you have it now. Just don’t use it in vain…”


Brian hung up chuckling. “Your mother is a trip, Jason.”


“Don’t I know it. What are you hoping to get from these guys?”


“I’m not sure. We’ll see.”


Brian had expected that parking would be an issue, but Jason just pulled up onto the sidewalk right in front of the restaurant between a mailbox and a streetlight.


“Do you ever get a parking ticket?”


“Never. Bloomberg drives a red Porsche and his license plate is EAL 1372. My license plate is EAL 1273. The more outrageous my parking job, the more convinced parking enforcement employees are that this is Mayor Mike’s personal car. It’s great.”


Entering the restaurant, they immediately spotted their quarry sitting in a booth facing the door, drinking a soda. Matas sprang up to his feet eagerly as soon as they made eye contact, and walked toward them.


“Hello, Hello! I am Matas. Please sit down. This is my Grandfather Carolus. He is a very hard worker. Maybe you have a job for him too, yes?”


“Perhaps. I need you to answer a few question about your previous job first.”


“OK, OK, no problem… We do paint for the church, we wash windows, we unpack crates of cans and boxes for supermarket, we weed alleys in Public Park, we help move things, we do anything. We learn fast, no problem.”


“Tell me about your very last job.”


“Oh. Sorry. Lastly we move paintings for Gallery exposition. Beautiful paintings, we take great care. We stand up on side with blanket around, and strapped to van side, so it not move at all. Pick up in Pratt Art School, we bring to Gallery storage in Queens. Bryce Kindall the owner. Very easy for us. He speaks Lithuanian very well.”


“But not a Lithuanian?” asked Brian.


The grandfather was saying something to Matas. “No. Grandson? My grandfather says educated, old fashioned Lithuanian from before war.”


The grandfather added a sentence finishing with something that sounded like ‘Zydu’.


“My grandfather says a Jew.”


Jason asked, “How can he know that?”


Matas spoke quickly to his grandfather and translated his response. “He said Mr. Kindall used a few Yiddish words. My grandfather knows a little Yiddish, he used to Shabbos goy for a rich family in Vilna.”


“Can you describe him?”


Matas suddenly grew suspicious. “Why? You do not have job! You want to speak about Mr. Kindall. Why?”


Brian smiled at him. “I do have a job, on Friday the twenty-sixth, to help with a big party in a fancy house, starting at 3:00PM until 3:00AM. Long night. Pays $250.00 dollars. Each.”

 

 

“250 dollars! We take job! Yes, we take.” He spoke quickly to his grandfather, who smiled a nicotine stained smile, nodding vigorously.


“Very well. Here is the address, and a phone number for directions and if you have questions. Before you go you have to shower and make sure your nails are very clean. The rules about that are very strict.” He looked at Matas’ hand. His nails were short and perfectly white. Aside from the nicotine stain, so were his grandfather’s.


“Your grandfather won’t be able to smoke as he works.”


Matas translated for his grandfather and they both laughed at his grandfather’s response. Smiling, Matas translated, “For $250.00, he’ll stop smoking altogether…”


“Now. Will you be kind enough to describe Mr. Kindall for me?”


“Short, young, like 25, well dressed in suit, blond not too curled hair to under ears, friendly smile. We drive to warehouse, not unload. Just park. He waits in front. He pays us, and gives subway token, and says OK, leave. We go. That’s all.”


The description did not sound like anyone he knew, but maybe Justin would have a clue.


“You left a note in the closet. Did you know what it was?”


“Mr. Kindall say to leave the receipt in closet for painter. Why do you ask all the questions about Mr. Kindall?”


Jason pulled out a copy of Revolutionart cover from seven years prior, showing a smiling man in front of the Bryce Kindall gallery, with the byline of ‘New and exciting gallery opening this month.’


“This is Bryce Kindall, Mr. Mostiet. Is that the man you met?”


Bryce Kindall was in his forties in the picture, completely bald and wearing fancy rectangular glasses, a black turtleneck and rust colored trousers. You could tell he was easily 6’ tall or more. Matas looked confused. He spoke rapidly to his grandfather who looked at the picture closely and immediately became extremely agitated, saying things rapidly to his grandson.


“My grandfather says we stole the paintings for the man who said he is Kindall, we going to be deported! Oh, my God! We not know, I swear! We don’t steal! We honest people”


“Matas, Matas, calm yourself. I know all that. I gave you a job, didn’t I? You will not be deported. The police don’t know. We will find the paintings. It’s going to be all right.”


Matas translated for his grandfather who hid his face in his hands for a moment and said, in a gravely voice with a terrible accent, “You need, ask, Carolus help, yes?”


Brian smiled. “Thank you very much, Matas, Carolus. We will see you on the 26th, and I will call you if I need more help.”


“Yes. The 26th. We are sorry for your paintings. They are…more bigger word than beautiful, you know?”


“I am not the artist. My boyfriend is. I think his paintings are more than beautiful as well.”


Matas frowned for an instant, probably making sure he had heard right. “Boyfriend?”


“Yes.”


“You say him, the paintings talk to heart. My grandfather talks all the time about paintings. Say we are very, very sorry.”


“I will.”


Back in the Porsche, Jason asked, “Now what?”


“Now we go to my loft, have a drink, and think."


To be continued...

 

 

Chapter 30 - After the Theft. by Conzieu

 

 

 

After the Theft



Justin stood at the door of the studio and watched Brian walk away. He would much rather watch him walking towards him while taking his clothes off, but this could do in a pinch. He was so beautiful. Justin just loved the way he moved. His cock agreed. Justin smiled.


He walked back inside and went straight to his cubby. He rolled out his cart and took up his favorite spot in the studio. Lilah was in hers, setting up as well. She looked at him with worry in her eyes. He smiled reassuringly. She smiled back. He went to the prepped canvas storage, and looked at what he had. A couple of 4X4, a 4X6 and a funky 5X5. He sighed. And looked around. Lying on its side was a long, narrow one, a bit dusty. He kneeled and read the inscription. Odd size, Florence. He shook his head. Odd size? That was helpful. He walked back into the studio.


“Lilah? Have you got Florence’s number?”


Justin knew her fairly well, having had a couple of classes with her, including having been paired with her for their portrait exercise. But her number was in his old phone… She was sculpting almost full time now. Maybe he could borrow the ‘Odd Shape’ canvas. Off course, Lilah had the number. She was great that way. He dialed.


“…and I am not kissing someone who just had some tentacle in his mouth. Yuck. Hello?”


“I agree. Tentacles are such a turn off,“ said Justin. “It’s the little suction cup things. They are just gross looking.”


“I know! And Sashimi breath? I’m not a lesbian!”


Justin heard in the background an outraged/amused exclamation. “Florence! You are so…gross!” Justin was cracking up.


“Yo. So dude, who are you and what do you want?”


“Hello Florence. This is Justin.”


“Justiiiiiin! My love! My ‘I know you’re a fag but if you’d let me, I’d fuck you anyway, because your lips are luscious’ portrait partner!” To the girl in the background. “It’s the guy in the kitchen you were salivating over!”


“You hung my portrait in your kitchen?”


“Right across from where I sit to have my breaky in the morning. You are such a sight for sore eyes at the break of dawn…” In the background: “Flo, you wouldn’t know the break of down if it bit you in the ass…”


“Too true, too true. Nevertheless. You are a swell accompaniment to my Cap’n Crunch.”


“What an amazing coincidence. You are hung in our kitchen as well, and I sit across from you to eat my Cheerios.”


“No! Oh my God! There must be some cosmic significance in that. We have breakfast together every morning, like some old married couple! Twilight zone moment!”


Justin laughed. “Florence. Not that I am not enjoying the banter, but I called with a serious request.”


“Yes! I’ll marry you! I’ll be your beard! And you can fuck me in the ass from behind once in the while. From the back, you can’t tell the difference can you? I mean, with all that sculpting I have me some gnarly, manly back muscles!”


“I doubt you could shut up long enough for the illusion to hold, Florence.”


“Point. All right then. What do you really want?”


“In the canvas storage, you have a long narrow one marked ‘Odd size’.”


“Uh… Yeah. I think so. Why?”


“I was wondering if I could borrow it. I will replace it. It’s just, for some reason its shape appeals to me.”


“Take it, hot lips. I’m not painting. I might not ever paint again. I’m done with my requirements, and truthfully, I’m a sculptor, not a painter. Put it to good use. How about a nice long frenchy for a thank you?”


“Afraid not. I only kiss my boyfriend. But I’ll dedicate it to you, how’s that?”


“I’d rather have the kiss, but I’ll take what I can get. Dedicate away. Anyway, how’s life?”


“Real good. You?”


“Aside from the fact that all the beautiful men are either fags or eat sushi, all is well. I love sculpting. I’m in love with my hammer and chisels. Even modeling and bronze casting pales in comparison. You should try it sometime.”


“Maybe some day. But I love painting too much. And speaking of painting, I’m itching to start, so… Thanks for the canvas.”


“You’re welcome. Have all of them if you want them, Justin. I’m serious. I won’t be using them. See you.”


Justin grinned. He had forgotten how she was… The girl had neither barriers nor filters controlling the flow from her brain to her mouth. During the portrait painting he had made sure to give her a huge cup of decaf latte as a prop. To keep her mouth busy. He went back to the storage area and managed to pull out the canvas.


He brought it to the studio, lay it on the table, and got his tape measure out. 6.36 meters by 1.82 meters. Yes. That was definitely an Odd Size. It fit his mood perfectly…


It was not exactly prepared to the level of perfection that he liked. He got some really fine sandpaper out, plugged in and attached the little vacuum head to the side, and sanded the surface until all the imperfections and the brush marks were gone. Then he wiped the surface with a cloth slightly dampened with turpentine, to remove the last of the dust and make it more receptive to paint. Finally he covered the whole surface with an undercoat of zinc oxide white, which gave him the bright white background he liked to start with. He concentrated on the task, finding calm and peace in the motions, applying himself to make the surface perfect.


He was not sure what they were listening to, some otherworldly Irish female singer. He liked it. His mind was as blank as the canvas. And now it had to dry. He restarted the vacuum, and set Lilah’s blowdryer full blast on the opposite side. This should provide a very drying airflow over everything. He stared at the blank canvas while it dried.


Earlier, when Brian and Jason were still there, he had been trying to remember if anyone had acted a little weird around him. He suspected he knew the thief and had a hard time believing a person could act perfectly normal after doing something like that to another. But he was drawing a blank. People had been their ordinary selves.


He would have hated for the paintings to be destroyed. There were several he deeply cared about in there. He wanted Brian to see Summertime because it would show him how much Justin liked to be loved by him, how happy Brian made him. He wanted to show him the blue one, because he thought it was so beautiful, and The Rainforest too.


He was also counting on the money, really. It would be nice to make a more significant contribution towards their expenses, though Brian didn’t seem to care at all and never mentioned it. And he was hoping to finish paying off his student loans. He hated having debts. Then he could start investing towards retirement. And help Molly buy a decent car. And buy Gus those really nice dinosaurs figures he had seen in the toy store for seventeen dollars each… He sighed.


If somehow he managed to borrow $100,000.00 from somewhere, his expo would have to bring in a little over $180,000.00 just to break even, and, despite what Jason said, seemed completely impossible. At $15,000.00 a painting, it meant selling twelve of them. At that kind of price he would be lucky if he sold six…


So chances are, instead of having extra money, he would actually increase his debt by trying to get his paintings back to sell them. He had dreamed of this expo. It would still be OK, showing mostly already privately owned work. Just not as exciting. And if he just sat there staring at the dry canvas in front of him instead of painting, it would not help at all. He grinned.


He extruded four different blues onto his palette, as well as a lot of titanium white, and deliberately painted a winter sky. For some reason, he knew exactly where he was going with this one. It took a while to get a perfect progressive lightening from the left to the right. It was nice and cool looking. He did his noisy trick with the vacuum and the blowdryer again, and Lilah gave him the evil eye, so he turned it off and went to talk to her instead.


“You know, Justin, I’ve been thinking…”


“You are very good at that, Lilah. What have you been thinking now?”


She smiled at him. “I’ve been thinking about Dean, getting so drunk…”


“It happens to everybody at some point, you know, not realizing just how much you’re imbibing…”


“That’s just it. He was out with Andrew and Aidan, to a pizza place, where you get your food at the counter? So Andrew got him a beer, because Dean is only 19. But Dean is like Rory, you know, big guy. 6’3, 6’4 maybe? And like 200 pounds of muscles? He looks 25. Anyway, at the house, he’s had a couple of beers before with no ill effect whatsoever…


“Rory had a cow when they came back, and Aidan and Andrew pretty much had to drag poor Dean in. Andrew swore up and down he only got him the one beer. Even if Aidan got him like three more, which you think Andrew would have noticed, Dean would not have been that wasted. They were eating pizza and breadsticks. That stuff sucks in liquids like crazy.


“And then, just when by some chance the one person who might have questioned the removal of your paintings is at home sick as a dog, the thieves come in that morning?”


“What are you saying?”


“I’m saying somebody put a roofie in his drink. That’s what I’m thinking. He was sooo sick, Rory actually considered taking him to the hospital. That just doesn’t sound right.”


“I totally trust Andrew, Lilah. I know you do too. And I have not even met his friend. So how would he know anything about me?”


“Well, we do talk about you, you know… Plus, I think I told you, I think the guy is a prick. He totally looks down on all of us and what we do. He is arrogant and rude. But never around Andrew… When Andrew is there, he is kind, sweet and funny, and treats him like his best friend. It’s as if he was cultivating him, you know?”


“So you think this total stranger knew about me, about my art, about my upcoming expo, and decided to befriend one of you to get access to more information, steal your keys, feed a date rape drug to Dean, and come here to rob me?”


“OK. Said like that it sounds a little farfetched. But it’s possible, no?”


“I suppose. Apparently, there has been some noise about the expo in Pittsburgh and my paintings in it… Still. It’s a bit crazy. I’d love to meet this guy. When is Andrew doing something with him again?”


Lilah got her phone out and dialed. “It’s Lilah. When are you doing something with Aidan again?... When did he cancel?... Can you tell me when you decide on a time? If it’s OK, I’d love to go with you… Yes. I always wanted to see those… You have a hot date tonight, don’t you?...” She giggled. “I just bet you don’t want company… Say hi to her for me, OK?”


She was smiling. “Andrew and Elisabeth have a date. They are so cute together, always holding hands. Anyway, Aidan and Andrew were supposed to go to the Museum of Natural History together on Wednesday, but Aidan cancelled that morning, saying something came up, and said they would do it Sunday instead. Andrew has not heard from him or seen him since which is weird because for the past week they were fused at the hip. He’s tried to call him, but his phone goes straight to voicemail… He’ll call me if Aidan calls. I told him I wanted to see the dinosaur skeletons too. Justin, I smell a rat.”


“Tell me what you know about this guy.”


“Not much. He was always evasive. He is in town for a seminar, or a conference, or a class, depending on who you talk to. He’s from the Midwest, or from the West coast, he is living with his grandparents while he is here, or visiting his sick grandmother, and going to lectures … It’s impossible to get a straight answer out of him… If you ask him what he is studying, he gives you this superior smirk and says something like, ‘Believe me. It’s something you have no interest in. I do not want to bore you…’”


“What does he look like?”


“Blond hair almost touching his shoulders, hazel eyes. Short, no body to speak of. He does have a nice smile, and beautiful hands. I wanted to draw them, but he wouldn’t let me. Looked at me as if I was trying to pull one on him or something. I have a strong feeling we will never see him again.”


“Please don’t tell Andrew, at least until we know for sure we are not completely off base, OK? Well I better get cracking. I have eight paintings to do in two weeks.”


Lilah looked dumbstruck.


“Lilah, I’m joking, OK? I’m not going into mass production, don’t worry. I’m going to paint like I always do, when I feel like it, and until I think I’m done… Though interestingly enough, this one just popped into my head as soon as I saw Florence’s canvas.”


He went back to his painting. It was dry. He separated what was left of his blue mix on his palette, and added more white to one, and a touch of charcoal black to the other. He closed his eyes, visualizing what he wanted. Mt. Fuji, Mount St. Helen's, Kilimanjaro, Mt. Rainier… He opened his eyes, and drew an outline, then painted in the eternal snow, and the blue grey rocky sides, shadow and light. It was strange. He had not painted something so realistic since Brownstone almost a year ago. But this was definitely what this canvas called for. Now he had to wait for it to dry again.


He went to the canvas storage and got out the 5X5. It was not easy getting it out on his own, but he managed. He looked at the blank surface and thought of Brian, of Brian’s hand on his waist earlier, letting him know he was there and letting him rest his entire body against his; of the look of hesitation on Brian’s face as he wondered what Justin needed, ready to hold him or stay away, and of his sigh of contentment when Justin had walked into his arms; of Brian’s incredibly sweet smile in the classroom earlier, so full of promise and love, of the wonderful sweet kiss they had shared.


Justin was not alone. No matter what, he had Brian’s love and support, his body to lean on, his presence to count on. He suddenly felt so stupid. He had been wondering where he could find $100,000.00. Brian was probably trying to think of a way to give him the money without ruffling his feathers, knowing how Justin felt. He smiled.


Brian was going to offer him a loan with ridiculously low interest. He just knew it, and loved him for it, for understanding that just taking the money was not something Justin could do, to find a way to cater to his pride… He would probably expect Justin to say no, and Justin ordinarily would, but he just suddenly understood how important it probably was to Brian to be the one to help him, to be allowed to do something for him.


Justin took out his phone and dialed Brian.


“Kinney.”


“Hey. Where are you?”


“Home. Working. You?”


“Pratt, working, thinking about how very much I love you.”


“… Sunshine. I… Thanks.” He could tell Brian had for some reason needed to hear this and was so glad he’d called. Now for the hard part. He swallowed his pride, remembered who he was talking to and said, “Brian, could I ask you a favor?”


“Anything, Justin. You know that.”


“Would you…” Justin took a deep breath and tried again. “Would you consider loaning me the one hundred thousand dollars at five percent interest over three years? To get my paintings back, if the thieves ever call? If you’d rather not have money issues between us, I’ll understand. There are a couple of other people I might be able to ask. I don’t want to put you on the spot, either, you can think about it…”


“Oh, Sunshine. I never thought you’d… I’ll be very happy loaning you the money. At 3 % for 5 years. But I am sure you will be able to repay me after the expo, no problem. “


“Thank you, Brian. It’s not… It’s not going to change things between us, is it?”


“Absolutely not. I promise. You can set up an automatic payment. Neither of us has to ever think about it.”


“OK. I think my paint is dry. I…” He sighed. “It’s a weight off my mind. Now I can concentrate… Later.”


“I am glad you asked, Justin. Now forget about it. Later.”


There had been such warmth in Brian’s voice. Justin thought about it. If there ever was any way he could help Brian, he would want to do it and be frustrated to no end if Brian turned him down. He would be so glad if Brian asked him for help. This kind of thing went both ways.


He checked his painting. Not fully dried, yet. He got his computer out and sent an e-mail to Molly, telling her what had happened. They’d gotten really close, at least e-mail close. She wrote him almost everyday, joking he was like a diary that actually answered. She was a firecracker, his sister… Remembering what he got up to at her age, he tried to remain calm and nonjudgmental, which was not always easy…


Then he sat there and wondered. He kept feeling like he had some kind of previous connection with the thief. If it was this Aidan, who did he know who was blond? Graham, from LA, but he was tall and skinny, and a pretty good friend. Petunia was blond, and he was the only blond in his acquaintance at the moment, and it obviously wasn’t him. There was the intern from Pratt, at work, Gabe Del Veccio, but his hair was short, he was quite chubby, and accounted for last Tuesday. Plus they had not exchanged more than a couple of words since January, so he really did not know him.


It might be easier to think about who had a grudge against him. He did not really think this was about money. $100,000 was such a ridiculous number, pulled out of a hat. Justin thought it was more about taking something from him than about the money. And why did he think that? Probably because his paintings were such personal things. He should not interpret the thieves’ feelings based on his own. Maybe it was the money after all…


Tuscan? Again? He googled the man again. Wow. A lot more articles than last time, about his upcoming trial, his gay sons, his wife leaving, Plexus’ role in destroying him… He found the family photo that had clued him to the twins last time. The youngest son was blond, and quite short compared to his tall brothers. He went to the Columbia yearbook site and got his picture on the screen. He walked over to Lilah.


“Is this Aidan?” he asked.


“Definitely not,” she said. “Aidan is… thinner boned, I guess. More delicate features. This guy may be short, but he looks like a bruiser.”


Yes. The youngest Tuscan shared the muscular build of his brothers. Justin’s new mail icon came up. It was an e-mail from his sister.


Justin,


WTF? Who would do such a thing? I just want to rip out their toenails.

Interestingly, Mark Hobbs has been out of school for a week, supposedly on a college tour with his Dad. He’s blond and much shorter than his evil brother. Would you like a photo? I’m sure Celia has one, though she came to her senses and dumped the loser in December. He worships his big brother, who blames you for ruining his football career (he was unable to play college football because of his conviction), if you can believe that. Plus his girl, Mimsy, dumped him after the whole trial thing. Turns out she was smarter than she looks in her year book…


They might be stupid enough to think of something like that, and smart enough to pull it off, if that make any sense…


Thanks for hooking me up with K.C. Montrose. He is a riot. His school sounds just like here, a bunch of backward ass homophobic jerks. He has an acid pen and writes really well. He manages to make the description of his daily humiliations sound funny, and his portraits of the worst offenders are just… god, I wish I could write like that. He has really opened my eyes on a lot of things I was totally happy to ignore.


His grandparents sound really neat though. Out of curiosity, I went to Macy’s to check out the Montrose Linen collection. They want $108.00 for a (really) pretty box with a bath towel, a hand towel and a washcloth! Holy shit! I guess I’ll be taking the Big Q special store brand to college, and not the Montrose Linen. I do so want that box though… :P**


Let me know about the photo. Love you. Mol.



Hobbs? After all this time? Just hearing that name made his heart beat faster and his palms sweat. Justin was still terrified of the asshole. He wished he could have confronted him and come out on top, but the only time he had seen him, he’d turned around and ran, Hobbs laughing at him. He really hoped it wasn’t them, but asked for a picture anyway…


Did Phil from legal have any resentful relatives? He was in jail now, as far as Justin knew. There hadn’t been a trial, just a bargaining session between his attorney and the prosecutor. He googled him anyway. There was a small article about his mother in a weekly in Minnesota. She was asking for people to send him paperback books, and pray for him while he was incarcerated. She apparently was a well-liked schoolteacher who had raised him alone and blamed herself for not exposing him to more as a child, and as a result creating a bigot. She did mention she was ‘all he had in this world as far as family’. So that was that…


Justin closed his laptop. The paint was dry, and he started on the next stage. Zinc oxide white, titanium white, the darker bluish grey, and charcoal black in the smallest quantity.


He closed his eyes again, picturing what he wanted and trying to think of the best way to get it. He got out a paint knife and went to work. It was good. It took him an hour and a half to get the right look, and then another hour to work on the highlights and the shadows until it matched perfectly the image he had in his mind.


It was so, so different than anything he’d ever done. And gosh. It was finished. He called Lilah over.


“Justin! That’s beautiful. What a shame Rory isn’t here! He wouldn’t have to ask what it is…” She giggled. “You shouldn’t do that, though, you know?”


“Do what?”


“Hide your feelings behind a cold front. That’s what it feels like, this one. It’s beautiful, but so cold. And whatever you are really feeling is somewhere up there, frozen in the eternal snow.” She turned to him. “You’re smiling and joking, and pretending you’re OK. But look at your painting. Let yourself feel, Justin.”


He looked at the painting. He didn’t think it was cold. She was seeing something nefarious where there was nothing. It did feel closed maybe. Like something was hidden back there, in the snow, like she said. But sometimes a painting was just a painting. He thought it was beautiful.


“Sometime a pretty picture is just a pretty picture, Lilah.”


“Justin, I specialize in pretty meaningless pictures. This is not one of them. I love it though.” She smiled. “And so will everyone else. I bet you it sells before New Years Eve… But after the blue one. God. I miss that one. I used to go to your cubby and pull it out, just to get my fix. Rory was right that it looked like a tie-dye sheet, but it felt so restful. Like slipping into fresh sheets after a long day, when you’re tired, and it feels sooo good, you know? Peaceful, soothing.”


She looked at the new painting again. “You must be in your blue period,” she joked. “Boca is very blue too.”


Justin took a picture of the new painting with his phone and stored it with the rest of them.


“I hate these pictures, Justin. They show the painting, but you feel nothing from them. It’s like they’re just… dead replicas, without the extra dimension.”


“Well, they are pretty crappy photos. Maybe with a better camera I’d actually be able to capture a little of what they feel like…”


She shrugged. “Maybe. You’re leaving, aren’t you?”


“Yes. Brian and I are going out to play pool with these two doctors we met a little while back. They’re really nice. They wanted a rematch, because last time we played, we were in a gay bar, and Brian and I were all over each other. They accused us of distracting them.” He laughed. “They were so right… So tonight, we are playing in a straight bar. We’ll still beat them. Hell. We might still be all over each other…”


“Why did you have this one out?” she asked about the 5X5.


“I was just thinking about what I wanted for it. I’m not sure yet. It will have something to do with Brian though. I just feel it.”


Lilah threw her keys at him. “Here. Store your finished one in my cubby, please. It will make me feel better.”


Justin shrugged. “OK. They left my cubby alone though.”


“Maybe they were saving it for a return trip. Do as you’re told, Blondie.”


Justin laughed. “All right, carrot top!”


He put everything else away, and after a look at her painting, and a quick goodbye, caught a cab home, calling Brian to let him know he was on his way.


“Kinney.”


“Hey. I’m on my way home. I need a shower, I used a knife and I got paint all over. Wanna wash my back?”


Brian chuckled. “I’d love to, but I’m running an errand. I’ll be home soon, though. So I’ll see what I can do…”


Justin was really looking forward to seeing him, which was ridiculous. They’d only been apart, what, six hours?


“Later.”


“Later.”


He got home to an empty loft and stripped his painting clothes. Even wearing a smock, he'd managed to get paint on his clothes… He put everything in the hamper. Brian had made the bed. He loved living with him, in this place. It was so big, there was a place for everything. He’d never experienced that before, and really enjoyed the orderliness that came from it. The clean uncluttered surfaces pleased his artistic mind. He tried to keep his impact to a minimum, enjoying living in esthetically pleasing surroundings.


He got hard just looking at the bed and laughed at himself. He could picture Brian‘s gorgeous body as he lay on his belly, legs parted for him, arms under the pillow. He wanted to fuck him right now. He went back to the hamper. Yes! Brian had worked out today, and there was his damp shirt. He pulled it out, and smelled it. Clean laundry, Decleor, and in the pits, that burned wood smell. On the chest, a bit of the earthy forest aroma. His cock started leaking.


He put lube on his hand, stood against the narrow wall between the bathroom door and the closet holding the shirt to his nose. He started jerking off, picturing himself preparing Brian’s rectum for his cock, his fingers disappearing into his tight heat, Brian’s sighs as he lightly caressed his prostate. Fuck, it was hot.


Fantasy Brian was saying, “I’m ready, Justin, fuck me, fuck me…” He loved it when Brian remained in control, even when he bottomed. He tightened his fist around his dick as he pictured himself penetrating Brian, a whole lot faster than he’d ever do it in real life. It was sooo good.


In his mind, Brian was on his knees, now, fucking himself back on Justin’s cock, as Justin stayed still, Brian in charge. His ass was so fine, their balls were touching when he impaled himself all the way. His back muscles defined, beautiful. God, Justin loved his body.


Justin’s hand was moving fast and tight on his cock, precome and lube making the motions easy and slick. “Brian, you are so beautiful… I love you so much, don’t stop, here I come…” and he sprayed his come into Brian’s shirt, picturing himself buried to his balls, condomless, in Brian’s ass, flooding his inside with his seed. Fuck, that was so hot…


Suddenly, the shirt was out of his hands, and he was being kissed passionately while being pressed into the wall by a naked body.


“You look so hot when you wank, Justin. Relax for me, love, let me in…” Brian lifted him off the ground and holding him under his ass, settled him on his hard cock, letting gravity do the rest. Watching his beautiful face, Justin felt Brian’s cock open him, and he loved it. Once Brian was in all the way, he started kissing Justin again, giving him a chance to adjust. Justin felt so full. He wrapped his legs tightly around Brian, and rested his arms on his shoulders as Brian started to move in and out of him, pressing him to the wall.


It was fast and deep and very, very good. They were looking at each other, whispering to one another, as if afraid to disturb non-existent neighbors.


“You’re so tight and soft inside. I love it. I love you, Justin…”


“I love you. I missed you. Oh, fuck Brian, this is so good. Are you ok?”


“You weigh nothing, love. I could do this all night. But it’s too good for that. I’m going to come soon, come deep in your ass. Kiss me…”


Then there was just panting, and a cry, and a long shiver, and the pulsing of Justin’s rectum as he came again, and they managed to collapse on the bed, still connected, Brian on top of Justin, caressing his face, pushing his hair off his forehead.


“Coming home and catching you jerking off is one of my favorite fantasies,” said Brian, smiling. “This was way hotter than what I imagined. You are so fucking sexy.”


“I wasn’t sure you were real at first… Wall sex. One of my favorite fantasies.”


They laughed. “We better get ready. We don’t want to be late to trounce our favorite docs…” said Brian. In the shower he washed Justin from head to toe and got hard again. Justin smiled and got on his knees, giving him a nice long blow job, loving it when Brian could not help but put a hand on the back of his head and move his hips, fucking his mouth for a short while before coming with a growl.


He helped Justin to his feet, and held him tight, saying, “Sorry, sorry, I just…” Justin chuckled. “Brian. I love it when you fuck my mouth. I absolutely love it. When you can’t help it, I feel like I’m doing it right, you know?”


It was Brian’s turn to chuckle. “Oh, Sunshine. Believe me, you are doing it right. Whatever it is we do, you always do it very, very right…”


Justin looked up at him and smiled. Brian smiled back. They got out of the shower, and started to dress for their evening out. Brian looked at Justin’s choice of clothes, which he’d laid out on the bed.


“You’re wearing cargos?” he asked, obviously disappointed, though trying to hide it. He really liked Justin’s new, more sophisticated casual clothes.


“These aren’t just any cargos, Brian.”


Brian’s eyebrows did go up when Justin put on Jock straps instead of underwear. Then he put on the brown cargos, with a black and white belt and his long sleeve silk black t-shirt. The pants were very, very low rise in the front, the belt resting right above his bulge. And in the back…


“Yes. These are all right,” said Brian, grinning.


“I thought you’d like them,” said Justin, pleased. He bent down as if to take a shot at pool. “They’re very comfortable,” he added.


“Strangely, mine now feel a little tight in the front,” said Brian, smacking his ass.


“Hummm…” said Justin, enjoying the sting . Brian looked like he was about to eat him alive, but then said, with a pained look on his face. “We really have to go… Fuck.”


“Hold that thought, big boy,” said Justin, wiggling his ass.


“This is going to be a very long evening,” said Brian, not looking bothered at all by the thought…


They actually got to the pool hall a bit ahead of schedule. It was the typical breeder's mating ground. Girls dolled up and in short skirts, playing poorly on purpose, and guys trying to convince them they wanted more than a quick fuck. Justin felt so grateful he was queer. Two girls decided that he and Brian were way too hot to spend the evening without female company, and came to their tables, making inane conversation and giggling without cause.


Justin, curious, could not help but ask, “Are you really that silly or is it what you have to stoop to to get guys to notice you?” The girls looked at each other.


“We’re just trying to have a good time,” said one.


“And you have to pretend to have the IQ of a carrot for that? And dress in a skirt that screams fuck me while pretending you think it’s as modest as flannel pajamas?”


The girls shrugged. “Whatever works, you know?”


“But what are you after, exactly? Do you just want a fuck, or do you want to start a relationship, or what?”


The girls looked at each other and burst out laughing. “You are pretty direct, you know that?”


“Oh. I’m sorry. I’m not interested, just curious.”


“Why aren’t you interested?” asked one of the girls, frowning.


Brian came to stand very close to Justin, and fake whispered to the girls, “Because I’m his boyfriend…”


“Oh, my God,” said a girl. “You guys are gay? What are you doing in this meat market?”


“We are here to play pool,” explained Justin. “So are you going to answer my question? Are you looking for a one night stand, or a commitment?”


The girls made faces at each other. “I guess we’re looking for boyfriends, you know, not just a fuck.”


“Well unless you want to attract the absolute stupidest of this crowd, shouldn’t you at least pretend to have a brain? And you are doing and behaving exactly like every other girl in this group. Shouldn’t you try to stand out? Like maybe show that you can, actually, play pool? You can’t be as bad as all that if you come here a lot…”


“I bet we can beat the two of you,” said one, taking up the challenge.


Brian gave her his best “You are sweet, but sadly mistaken” look. The girls grabbed some cues.


“Prepare to weep, handsome. I’m Muriel, by the way. I’m a junior at NYU.”


“And I’m Natalie. I’m a certified public accountant.”


Muriel broke, and sank a striped ball. She sank two more, calling out the pockets before missing the third.


Brian took over and sank four before running into a snag. Natalie took a daring shot and got it in. “It’s all math,” she said. Her next one bounced.


Justin smiled at her sweetly. “It’s all math, and hand eye coordination." He sank two.


Muriel got three in and the girls high-fived. Guys had stopped playing, and were watching the match, taking wagers. She called the pocket but missed. Brian sank the last ball, and chalked his tip before taking a shot at the eight ball. Justin could not have made the shot, but he thought Brian probably could. Brian looked at Justin and winked. Ha. He was going to miss, giving the girls a chance to shine, and play the next game at the table. He missed by a hair. Natalie took a while, but called and sank the eight ball. The girls jumped up and down with glee, a few bucks changed hands, and Brian and Justin graciously gave up the table.


Muriel kissed Brian’s cheek. “You missed that on purpose,” she said.


He smiled. “Now you are no longer like every other bimbo in the joint. Make the best of it…”  She grinned, as Natalie was asking, “So, Gentlemen, whose ass are we whipping next?”


The doctors finally arrived, looking in need of a stiff drink. “Sorry guys,” said Scott. “There was an impromptu administrative meeting. New billing procedures. They are obviously trying to get us all to quit so they can turn the hospital building into a warehouse. Apparently, they’d make more money that way…”


“Let’s have a drink to forget our troubles, and then we will proceed to crush both your egos with our superior skills,” said Steven.


“Or not,” said Justin smiling.


“Young man, put your cash where your mouth is,” teased Scott.


“I have twenty bucks that say Brian and I will win the best of five…”


“You’re on, Pup. Lay them out,” Scott said, putting a twenty under a chalk in the ashtray.


“Brian?” asked Steven.


“Twenty that Justin sinks the last eight ball.”


“Why not?” They both added their money to the ashtray.


Steven drank martinis, and Scott Chivas Regal. Brian stuck to his usual bourbon, and Justin had Perrier water.


Though Justin did not drop on his knees to suck Brian before the games, neither did they behave as strictly as one would expect. The cargos were definitely responsible for some squeezing and slapping of one partner’s ass, while youthful exuberance could be blamed for much of the hugging and not so discreet frotting of the other partner.


The four of them got a lot of looks, not all of them friendly, but that was as far as it went. Brian and Justin won Justin’s wager, but Justin lost Brian’s, unable to sink the eight ball in the last game.


After discussing their options, they had a quick bite and headed for Essengy. It had been a long time since their last visit, and Jeremy welcomed them like long lost cousins.


When the thumpa-thumpa hit them Scott said, with a grin, “Man, it’s been at least four years since we’ve been in one of these places, but it never changes." He grabbed Steven’s hand. “Let’s dance!” and away they went. Brian and Justin both got water first, then joined the crowd. They smiled at each other as they started dancing. This was their place, the only place where, for a long time, they had allowed their mutual attraction to build and flourish. They were in their own world when two muscular guys, looking strikingly alike, and a short, beautifully built other man popped their bubble and started dancing with them.


“You never write, you never call, you never come here… We were starting to think you didn’t love us anymore!” said Rob.


“But now you’re here! You’re here! You do love us!”


Justin was laughing. These two were so goofy. “The Docs are here too…”


“Cool!” said Alex, leaving them to climb the stairs to the third floor and try to spot them.


“Oh, guys, this is my boyfriend Curtis. We met at Gillian’s, which we have you to thank for.” Rob put his arm around Curtis, and smiled at him, apparently quite smitten. Justin remembered when Rob had just casually decided to fuck the smaller man, and how, an hour later, he'd had the smaller man’s cock in his ass. Curtis really was amazingly good looking and was flashing the bigger man a radiant smile.


Alex was back, with the doctors, and they all danced for a while, switching partners, and playfully flirting with each other. The twins were hot, but intimidatingly boisterous. Scott and Steven looked too conservative to draw much attention, but as usual, Brian was like a light to moths, and watching Justin dance in these pants made a lot of guys want to at least have that ass in their palms as they gave him head.


Alex joked to Brian and Justin, “I’m the single guy here, but between your spectacular ass and your…I don’t know what, I don’t stand a chance.”


“My ‘I don’t know what’?” asked Brian with a grin.


“Dude, you are not even a great dancer, and look at these guys… Looking your way, giving you the eye, hoping you’ll notice them and take them to the back room to fuck them. I bet you quite a few of them know your reputation of being an asshole once you’re done with their ass, but still they want it… They want you. I mean, you are very good looking, but so is Scott, so are tons of guys here. They, wejust all sense you’re the fuck of a lifetime…” He grinned at Justin. “And he’s all yours, you selfish little prick…”


Justin laughed, and just danced, feeling lucky, loving Brian’s possessive gaze on him as a couple of strangers moved closer to dance with him. After a few minutes, Brian grabbed him by a pant loop and reeled him back in, taking him in his arms.


“My Sunshine,” he told the guys. “Find your own.” Alex cracked up.


“So Alex, what’s your theory about Justin, here. Why is half the club always ready to give him head?” asked Brian.


Alex smiled. “Because he looks so… innocent. Like he doesn’t even know how sexy he is. You just want to make him feel good, and you know his come is going to taste like heaven. You just want to take him home and keep him forever, but short of that, you’ll take whatever little piece you can get.” He grinned at Brian. “And you took him home and now he’s all yours, you lucky bastard… Well if I want to get some tonight, I have to get away from the two of you, and turn it on…” He stripped off his shirt, showing off his impressively sculpted torso, tucked it in the back of his pants, and danced away.


Brian and Justin had moved slightly away from the others, and started dancing with each other again, Brian’s arms on Justin’s shoulders, Justin’s hands under his shirt. Brian rested his forehead on Justin’s, and they just smiled at each other, feeling the tension built, very light yet, but growing.


Justin’s cock was going from semi hard to hard to harder, and his desire to kiss Brian was growing exponentially, his lips parting, his tongue licking his lower lip before he could stop himself. Brian’s hazel eyes looked so dark, his smile more and more predatory.


A second before Justin was going to give in to his need, Brian grabbed the back of his neck and took his mouth as he pulled his body close by pressing Justin’s body into his with his other hand on his lower back. The kiss started hard and possessive, and Justin did not resist the demanding tongue, the commanding lips. Soon, it turned to a loving kiss, soft and tender, and he received the gentleness as he had the demanding passion. He was Brian’s, his mouth surrendering to him, his body soft and yielding against the hard lean muscles of Brian’s body, willing to receive anything he gave.


Justin could feel Brian’s hard erection against his hips, and pressed his own on the thigh between his legs. Brian’s kiss was sending shivers down his spine, making his toes curl. He knew well where this was leading, but could feel Brian’s desire for more. He could tell from the way Brian’s body moved, from the insistent probing of his soft tongue that Brian wanted him, wanted to fuck him, wanted him to surrender his body just like he had his mouth. And he suddenly wanted that so much himself, his skin was burning with it.


He raised himself on his toes, rubbing his torso on Brian’s as he went, and whispered in his hear, “Take what you want, Brian. Whatever you want, It’s yours…”


With a growl, Brian pushed him towards the back room and pulling him by the hand found an empty couch. He took off his shirt and put in on the seat for Justin to rest his head and shoulders, and completely removed Justin’s boots, socks, pants and jock straps. Brian took the rest of his own clothes off, and looked down at Justin in all his aroused naked glory. Justin let his knees fall open, and Brian said, “Fuck, Justin. I want you so much.”


Completely unnoticing of the many eyes on them, he put on a condom and lubed it, then got between Justin’s legs. Justin quickly took off his shirt, wanting to feel Brian’s skin. Brian placed Justin’s ankles on his shoulders, and looked into his eyes as he entered his willing body. “Mine,” he said.


“Yours,” Justin agreed and relaxed his sphincters to allow Brian’s cock to slide easily into his rectum. Brian closed his eyes and hissed with pleasure, going as deep as he could, Justin raising his ass off the couch to take him in all the way, and then tighten around him as much as Brian’s girth would allow. They both stopped, after all this time still both astonished by the perfection of their union.


Brian started moving, and Justin smiled at him, at the amazing feeling of completion, at the rhythm their bodies agreed on easily, at the ideal synchronicity of their desires and motions. They had both forgotten where they were, fully naked and making love in a place where people usually only enjoyed a quick fuck, providing the most erotic and arousing sight to spice up other people’s dalliances.


Steven was watching them, holding Scott’s head as he fucked his throat. Rob, standing with his shoulders against the wall, his small lover's ass in his hands, Curtis feet flat on the wall, was fucking him in the same rhythm as Brian’s motions. Alex had some trick bent over the back of the next couch and was doing the same.


Justin was drowning in Brian’s dark eyes. He didn’t want to touch his cock, enjoying the rise of the pleasure of Brian’s cock against his prostate, the sight of the pleasure he gave the man he loved, Brian’s hands caressing his thighs, his own palms rubbing his nipples. He started craving Brian’s mouth on his, and as if responding to his need, Brian pushed his legs up further and slid one hand behind his neck and the other under his shoulder, kissing him, licking and biting his lips, whispering unconnected words to him, like the secret code of their love.


It felt so good. Brian inside him, Brian on top of him, Brian in his mouth. Brian's scent all around him, his voice in his ear, Brian’s hand behind his neck, strangely making him feel more owned than anything else. Brian’s cock was dragging along his prostate on the way out, and the pleasure was intense.


Brian looked at him. “Do you want to come, Sunshine?”


“Not yet, not yet… This is so, so good, Brian. I wish it could last forever…”


Brian smiled and released his legs, allowing them to slide along his arms until Justin could wrap them around his body and lock his feet together. He took deep breaths, not having noticed how restricted his breathing had been for a while. Now they really moved as one unit, Brian's wavelike motion incredibly sensuous, his mouth near his ear, talking to him.


Justin closed his eyes, concentrating on the many sensations, his erection now tightly caught between their bodies, his prostate deliciously massaged, his nipple ring, teased by their connected chest, the kisses Brian peppered on his jaw and behind his ear, the warmth of his breath when he talked, the protective way Brian was holding him, the sexy smell of him. Suddenly, the perfect balance was over and he started barreling toward his orgasm fast and furious.


“Oh, Brian… Brian… I’m … it’s coming… Oh, fuck… Oh…fuck…”


Brian caressed his hair back, and put his hands on the side of his head, watching him hungrily.


“I want to see you come, Justin, look at me, look at me, and let it take you…”


Lost in Brian’s eyes, surrounded by his love, Justin’s prostate and cock both decided it was time, and his body convulsed in amazing ecstasy, washed away in incredibly intense pleasure, feeling he’d completely lost control and his mind was just overwhelmed, the pleasure lasting far beyond the last delicious jet of ejaculate leaving his body.


“Brian… Brian! Oh! Oh my God… I…” He closed his eyes, and just rode it to the end, each pass off Brian’s cock a blissful delight.


“So beautiful, Sunshine, when you come. That look is mine, your pleasure his mine, your come is mine, and soon, soon… Oh, Justin…my Justin…forever…”


Justin could have sworn he felt the heat of Brian’s come as he filled the condom, even though he knew it was unlikely. He too watched the man he loved in the throws of his release, and marveled at how beautiful he was. His heart felt full, close to bursting with love for him, the words not enough, only this amazing physical connection able to tell how he felt.


He held a spent Brian tight against his body, their sweat mingling with the come on his stomach, Brian breathing fast in his neck, running his hand through his hair. He became aware of his surroundings again. Their friends were there, as were others. He was covered in sweat and come, and fifteen minutes by cab from their showers. He chuckled.


Brian looked at him with a smile. “What?”


“I was wishing for one of those long duster coats, so I could go home without getting dressed again.”


Brian moaned. “Fuck. We’re at Essengy. God, I want a shower…”


They started laughing, and were still chuckling as they wiped sweat and come off each other’s naked bodies. “Could be worse,” said Justin. “We could be at Babylon, stuck with those damn paper towels…” They started laughing again. Brian’s black silk shirt looked like it had been slept in. The tight cargos were not too pleasant to slip on while moist with sweat. But they got themselves back together and it was not as bad as all that. Justin's fingers combed Brian’s hair into a minimum of order, and they walked out, joining the doctors at the second floor bar, getting waters from Carl.


“We’re going to head home,” Brian said.


“So are we,” answered Steven. He laughed. “We want to fuck, but we’re not as bold as the two of you. Plus, I don’t want to wear a condom.” He pulled Scott to him and kissed his temple. Scott was blushing and smiling at the same time. Their couple’s dynamic was interesting…


The twins were still in the back room, and they left them to it. Jeremy called them a cab, and Justin, in his usual position in Brian’s arms, said, “I’m so glad you are not taking me back to Brooklyn. I love sleeping together…”


Brian kissed his hair. “So am I, and so do I. And I love waking up together even more,” he answered and Justin smiled.


It was only 1:30 in the morning, but after a quick shower and their nightly ablutions, Justin was falling over from tiredness… he literally crawled into bed, and did not even remember Brian joining him because he was asleep as soon as he lay down.


He woke up in the night, hugging Brian’s arm to him tightly, his face bathed in tears. He relaxed his hold on Brian, but the tears kept coming, with an incredible sense of sadness and loss. Then it all came back. His paintings. His paintings were gone. He was trying to contain his sobs, but Brian’s hand wiped tears from his cheek, and giving in, Justin turned into his embrace and just wept, heartsick and shattered. Brian held him, caressing his hair and running his other hand up and down his back.


Justin cried for what felt like a very long time, and still, Brian held him lovingly, quietly. Justin was so grateful he didn’t need to explain, or hear platitudes. Once all his tears were spent, he felt Brian reach over, and hand him what felt like Brian’s silk shirt. He blew his nose in it, and dried his face. That poor shirt had really been through the ringer tonight. Brian took it back, and threw it in the general direction of the hamper.


“I want them back,” Justin said. “I thought I could just let them go… but I need them back, even if I’m indebted to you for five years.”


“OK.”


Justin loved him so much at that moment. He turned around again, in their usual sleeping position. Once Brian’s breathing had evened out, he added softly, “Thank you, Brian. I love you so, so much.” He closed his eyes and slept.



To be continued...



Justin's new painting:"Cold"


Justin's ass in his new cargos...

 


 

 

 

Chapter 31 - To Catch a Thief - Part 2. by Conzieu

 

 

 

To Catch a Thief - Part 2


At the loft, Jason parked between the fire hydrant and the red light. As soon as they stepped inside, he toed off his shoes and walked stocking footed to the wall where The Kiss and Life is Beautiful II were hanging, and stared at them for a while.


“What will you drink?” asked Brian.


“Single malt scotch.” A glass of Laphroig in hand, he then spent a good amount of time looking at the wall of portraits.


“Where is your other one?” he asked. He knew Brian had three of Justin’s paintings in his home, and Brian realized there was one he had not seen previously. He pressed the electric command that opened all the panels of the bedroom platform, letting the Red painting appear in all its glory.


Jason nodded. “Where it belongs, obviously,” he said.


He came and sat down on the Italian sofa, across from the chair where Brian was already lounging. “Justin is amazingly gifted. In a lot of ways, he has opened a whole new dimension to abstract painting. The way he makes you feel what he feels when he paints, that sharing of his emotions. That is unique to him. I have watched him paint. I have analyzed his finished work. I don’t know how he does it. And somehow, it translates poorly on photographs, unless they are of extremely good quality, and then you only really get an echo of it.”


He savored his drink and chuckled. “At least I know he’ll never dump me to sell his work on the internet. He needs live expos… He’s also getting better and better. Brandon!” He shook his head. “I have never seen the like. Two dimensional paint and geometrical forms on a canvas, and you feel like you have the man right there breathing over your shoulder.” He put down his empty glass on the coffee table. “I suppose the more you know Mr. Bloomquist, the more you feel him in that painting. But even someone with as superficial an acquaintance to him as I have, can feel him in there. I have no idea how much people will pay for their own “Portrait”. He grinned and rubbed his hands. “I’m going to make out like a bandit with this boy…”


Brian laughed. “It’s good you have your priorities in order…”


Jason grinned. “I have three more kids to put through college, my friend, and very expensive tastes.” He looked around with a knowing smile. “As do you.”


“I only have one child to worry about, and I share the burden with two…” He smiled to himself, “No. Three other people. The beauty of being queer: Lots of disposable income.”


“Why didn’t you ask those Lithuanian guys for the address of the warehouse in Queens?”


Brian was not thrown by Jason’s leap in the conversation. He was getting used to the man. “I assumed our thief got in the van as soon as they dropped it off, and drove it to the current paintings' location. It’s somewhat significant that it’s in Queens, as opposed to say, Noho, because it must be closer to his final destination than Brooklyn, but other than that…”


“Yes. I thought the same. No way to track it either.”


Brian’s cell rang. “Mr. Kinney? This is private citizen Hamill. Your van is a rental. It is four days overdue. The renter is a businessman from Chicago, who reported his driver’s license stolen on Thursday, when he could not find his ID to get on his plane home. Also stolen was his emergency credit card, the one he never uses… He is in the electrical business, married, father of two, comfortably well off. His only prior was for soliciting sex from a police officer posing as a hustler, in Los Angeles. It seems this gentleman has an affinity for young men. By probing lightly, a detective from New York, whose name he will not recall, had him admit to a dalliance with a young man he met at his hotel bar, in New York for a conference apparently, by the name of Aidan. Blond, longish hair, 5’7 or 5’8, 150lbs, hazel eyes, nice smile, though in his opinion, he could not have taken his property, because ‘he was very sweet and they were really connected…’ though he can think of no other time when he and his wallet were apart in the presence of a third party…”


She sighed. “We are all fools for love,” she said. “I hope this helps you. That’s as far as I can go without opening a police file.”


“Thank you very much. What are you doing the 26th in the evening?”


“That’s a Friday? No plans yet…”


“I’m having a surprise party for Justin at a friend’s house. I’d love for you and an escort to join us. It will be a bit fancy, but for fun…”


“Ooooh! I do so like getting dolled up. I don’t get to do it enough in this job. And my beau looks very fine in a suit…”


“Excellent. I’ll send you the details via e-mail, OK?”


“Thanks. I love a good party…”


Aidan? Brian had never heard of an Aidan. But a blond, short with a nice smile sounded just like the description given by the Lithuanians. If only there had been a way to track that van. He should have gotten the address, they could have gone up there and asked around. Maybe someone noticed something.


He dialed Matas.


“Alo?”


“Matas, this is Brian Kinney. I forgot to ask you earlier. What was the address at which…” He realized that was a complicated sentence and simplified. “ Where did you leave the van?”


“Steinway and 20th Avenue. Not far from Long Island City. Not good neighborhood. My grandfather and I happy to get in subway.” He laughed. “We walk on crack little bottle next to building. Not good.”


“Thanks, Matas.”


Brian sighed. “Sounds like the warehouse was in Gangland. I don’t think two white guys in a Porsche are going to get anything more than a beating if we go up there.” He thought for a moment, and dialed his phone again.


“…”


“LaShaun, it’s Brian, triple espresso Brian?”


“Hold up.”


There was the sound of a door closing and a baby crying far in the background.


“I ain’t working the corner Saturdays, you know that.”


“I need to talk to you about something. To help Justin.”


“ Justin OK?”


“ No. He was robbed. I’ll tell you about it. Where can we meet?”


“The corner bar near your place, half hour.”


“You know where I live?”


“…”


“All right. See you there.” Brian hung up, glad he had a sophisticated security system. Not that he didn’t like LaShaun, but the fact that the drug runner had bothered to find out where he lived was…unsettling.


“OK, so who are we talking to now?” asked Jason, curious.


“A drug dealer that mans the Starbucks corner in the morning. Justin got him to enroll in adult education to learn to read. Now he's preparing for his High School Equivalency.” Brian smiled. “Justin has many friends. He sees the good in everyone, and somehow, people feel compelled to rise to the challenge and meet his expectations. Like me. Like you.” He added seriously, “Which makes this entire situation even harder to understand, really.” He got up and started pacing. “I hate feeling so fucking helpless. I’m reaching at straws now. Fuck. Did you ever hear him talk of an Aidan?”


“No. Why don’t you ask him?”


“Because I haven’t figured out what he wants. I don’t know if he wants me to leave the whole thing alone or look into it. He might just want to wait for the ransom demand. He might just write the paintings off and move on. I don’t know if he wants to discuss it or not. I don’t know how best to help him. God, I wish he’d at least take the fucking money from me. That's the one thing I can do for him.” He rubbed his face with his hands, wishing he knew what to do. His phone rang.


“Kinney.”


“Hey. Where are you?”


Justin. Brian was amazed how happy he was to hear that voice. “Home. Working. You?”


“Pratt, working, thinking about how very much I love you.”


“… Sunshine. I…” God, he had so needed to hear him say that… “Thanks.”


“Brian, could I ask you a favor?”


There was nothing he could refuse this man, nothing that could be harder than five weeks apart from him. Whatever Justin wanted, he would make sure Justin got. “Anything Justin. You know that.”


“Would you…” Justin was taking a deep breath as if it was hard for him to ask. It scared Brian a little, but he’d meant it. Anything…


“Would you consider loaning me the one hundred thousand dollars at five percent interest over three years? To get my paintings back, if the thieves ever call? If you’d rather not have money issues between us, I’ll understand. There are a couple of other people I might be able to ask. I don’t want to put you on the spot either, you can think about it…”


“Oh, Sunshine. I never thought you’d…” Shut up, shut up, shut up. He started again. “I’ll be very happy loaning you the money. At 3 % for 5 years. But I am sure you will be able to repay me after the expo, no problem.” Trying for casual, when inside he was completely undone.


“Thank you, Brian. It’s not… It’s not going to change things between us, is it?”


Aside from the fact that I love you even more? “Absolutely not. I promise. You can set up an automatic payment. Neither of us has to ever think about it.”


“OK. I think my paint is dry. I…” Justin sighed. “It’s a weight off my mind. Now I can concentrate… Later.”


“I am glad you asked Justin. Now forget about it. Later.” Brian had been pacing. He just fell in his chair, feeling completely happy for a second. Justin had asked for help, for his help. With money. Justin was going to take the money from him. He knew Justin loved him and trusted him, but this was… different, somehow.


The acceptance that their partnership was more important to him than his pride. He had an idea of how hard it must have been for Justin to ask. And by asking he was making a declaration, accepting Brian’s love and support at a new level. It was ridiculous that it should mean so much to him, but despite what had happened today, Brian felt incredibly happy.


He realized Jason was looking at him with a little smile. Brian could not help but smile back.


“Shut up, I don’t need comments from the peanut gallery.”


“I haven’t said a word.” Jason smiled wider.


“You’re thinking too loud. Come on. Time to go meet LaShaun.”


They walked to the corner bar. It was a neighborhood establishment, where the same people met all the time. Brian only very occasionally made an appearance, but Sylvia, the barkeep, made it her business to know who was who and greeted him with a “Hi, Brian.”


LaShaun was sitting at a booth. Gone was the do-rag, the falling off pants, the $120.00 high tops and the enormous sweatshirt that hid who knows what. Bare headed, he was wearing a turquoise polo shirt, jeans that fit, and Stan Smith tennis shoes. He looked like an NYU student, and was drinking a Coke.


Brian sat across from him and raised his eyebrows questioningly. LaShaun gave him a teasing smile. “You're not wearing your work clothes either, are you?”


Well, there was no denying that. “LaShaun, this is Jason. He’s Justin’s agent, and a friend as well.”


They shook hands over the table, and LaShaun cracked up. “This is like one of them jokes, you know? A fag, a nigger and a kike walk into a bar…”


Jason burst out laughing. “I’ll have to look one up on the internet… Nice to meet you, LaShaun.”


“So what’s up, man?” LaShaun asked Brian. “Surely you did not perturb my dominical rest for nothing?”


“Working the vocab list, LaShaun?”


“Teacher says, you want to remember them, you got to use them… And you want to get anywhere you got to talk like a white man. So I read them lists, and I imitate Dan Rather. I’m going to college some day.”


“Sounds good. So here is the situation. Someone stole Justin’s paintings from Pratt. We tracked these two men, fresh immigrants who thought they were doing a legitimate job. They dropped off a white van in Queens, at 20th and Steinway, where the man who they thought was the owner of a gallery was waiting for them. They left. We assumed he drove the van away to a hideout. The van is a rental now four days overdue. They said it was a bad neighborhood, crack vials on the sidewalk. It was Tuesday, around 11:00 AM. I’m thinking someone may have noticed a white man wearing a suit standing at a corner in a neighborhood where crack is sold…”


“No doubt. Somebody had their eye on that dude the whole time… He’s lucky nothing happened. They probably didn’t know what to make of him. Do you like that? Didn’t know what to make of him? That’s from the last Spiderman comic. The sh…stuff you learn reading comics…” He smiled. “I shall inquire. I believe Queens is Chinese gangs territory. You understand it may take a little time. I have to go through my fellow runners. You do not want to be indebted to my boss for anything, believe me, not even information. Give me a few days. I will give you updates with your morning coffee.”


“I would prefer Justin remain unaware…”


“I shall be…circumspect. Is that right? Circumspect like careful, not obvious?”


“Yes. An excellent use of the word circumspect.”


“I want something in return for my help,” said LaShaun, not looking at him.


Brian had expected that. Any service required payment, in the real world. “Yes?” he asked, wondering how much it was going to cost him.


“I’m doing well with English, and math’s a breeze. Sciences, well, the book is good, you know? Plus a lot of it you’ve heard about before. But history is really hard though. I need help.” He finally made eye contact. “I need you to tutor me in American History. I figure you’re a college man. You know this shit backwards and forwards. I am completely clueless, and the book is not so helpful. It’s like it expects me to know some of that stuff already, 13 colonies, Boston Tea Party, stuff like that I guess you learn in grade school. I only went to grade school for the free breakfasts and the hot lunches, because we lived in a crack house… Didn’t learn anything. I started running drugs when I was 9. No more school after that…”


Well. That was different. He had aced American History, of course, but that was a while back. Still. He could do it. “Twice a week?” he asked.


“OK”


“Mondays and Thursdays, 6:30 right here.”


“All right.”


“After you give me what I want.”


“No problem. Well, it’s been fun, but I got some people to call. Wish me luck.”


“Good luck.” And LaShaun was out the door.


“Interesting character,” commented Jason. “Very resourceful and driven. He’ll be mayor someday…”


“I thought I had a crappy childhood…” said Brian.


“The fact that his was worse does not make yours any better.”


“It just put it in perspective, I guess. Well. Anyway. That was my shot in the dark at trying to track that van. Anything you can think of?”


“Sadly, no. I think at some point you should try to find out if Justin knows an Aidan, or somebody who fits that description who might have an issue with him. It might be something personal.”


“Let’s go back to the loft. I need the internet,” said Brian.


“You go home and check the internet. I have an appointment. I’ll drop by again afterwards and see if either of us has thought of something useful.”


“You don’t need to come back. You can just call.”


“I’ll drop by.”


“OK.”


Brian got back to the loft full of nervous energy. He changed into running clothes and ran hard for eight miles thinking of nothing but his stride, and then walked for two. Chinese gangs. That didn’t sound good, though did gangs ever sound good? He took a quick shower and got dressed again.


Brian brought his computer to the sitting area and wondered where to start. Who did he know might have a personal grudge against Justin or himself? He thought it was possible the attack on Justin was somehow directed at him.


Tuscan, of course, was his first suspect. He googled him. There sure was a lot of crap there. Brian had not bothered following his downfall. He felt he’d done his share, and after that, it was out of his hands. He refined the search by adding sons. Well the twins were out for sure now… There were several articles about them and a couple of interviews. Ah. A family photo. The youngest son was blond, and much shorter than his brothers, if just as stocky. He looked like a wrestler, not a football player.


Brian had Lindy’s number. He dialed it.


“Lindy Holmes.”


“Hello, Lindy. This is Brian Kinney.”


“Oh, hello, Brian. How are you?”


“Fine. I have a question for you. I don’t really want to go into why I need to know this, it’s too long a story, but I’d appreciate if you could tell me how your younger son feels about what’s been happening to his father.”


“He has moved in with me and has changed his name to Holmes, if that’s any indication. And for a long time he addressed his father with ‘Ah, father’. As in, ‘Ah, father, pass the salt’, ‘Ah, father, what time does the game start?’ We all thought it was just a weird mannerism. He just admitted to me that AH stood for Ass Hole all these years. Does that help?”


Brian chuckled, and she laughed with him.


“Yes, Lindy. Thank you. That’s all I needed to know. Next time we see each other, I’ll tell you why I needed to know. Bye.”


“Bye, Brian.”


Well. That was that with the Tuscan boys. Brian knew that Phil what’s his name, from Legal, had only one living relative, his mother. She had called to apologize for her son’s actions. Nice woman. He had pointed out to her that he had not been the injured party and that she had not been the injuring party, so that an apology to him from her was completely unnecessary. She had said she felt partially responsible for her son being so close minded, and did not want to speak to “Brian's young man” for fear of reawakening bad memories. He had thanked her for her apology and forgotten about the conversation in the next three minutes.


Who else was there? Could one of his many one-night stands have had enough feelings towards him to resent his boyfriend for having what they never could get out of him? He’d had a couple of semi stalkers through the years, but could hardly remember them. Had there been any blond? Who the fuck knew? This was pointless. He didn’t even know any of their names. If this was the connection, they were out of luck. His buzzer went off. It was Jason, returned.


“Beautiful security system,” commented Jason as he stepped off the elevator. “Very elegant, and no keys. I like it. It would never work at my house. Too many people knowing the codes… Anything new.”


“Not a thing. No one who stands out in my checkered past…”

 

 

“It would make much more sense to look into Justin’s past, and Justin is certainly in a much better position to do so,” Jason pointed out.


Brian’s palm pilot beeped reminding him of an appointment. Fuck. He’d completely forgotten. He was supposed to go over the menu for the party with Jessica, and had to be there in… way less time than was necessary to get there.


He dialed her number.


“Madame Jessica’s House of Carnal Pleasures, how may I direct your call?”


“Nice one. More upbeat than the funeral home anyway. I’m going to be late.”


“How late, Brian?”


“It depends on how much time I spend on the phone. So far, about ten minutes.”


“Click.”


She’d hung up. Brian laughed. He really loved that woman. Jason looked at him questioningly.


“Jason, I have to go. I have a meeting with your mother to finalize the menu. As it is, I’m going to be at least ten minutes late. Sorry.”


“I’ll drive you. You’ll be on time. Let’s go,” said Jason with a grin.


Once in the car, he slapped a flashing light on the roof and started a siren. They drove through every red light, and sped the rest of the way. He pulled into the parking garage under his mom’s building where he had a reserved spot, and put the flashing light away in the glove compartment, giggling like a manic child on too much sugar.


“I don’t do it too often, but wasn’t it fun?” he asked.


Brian was laughing. “Can’t you get arrested for that?”


“Oh, sure. But you know, there are so many sirens in this damn town, who’s going to check?” They walked to the elevator. They entered Jessica’s lobby with one minute to go.


“Madam is in the breakfast nook, Mr. Jason,” said the butler.


“Thank you, Brook.”


When they entered, Jessica looked up from some list she was checking. Brian noted she did not use glasses, which was just plain unfair. She looked at her watch, and smiled at Brian. “You are exactly on time.” Then in a motherly scolding voice, “Jason, did you use that fake siren again?”


Jason grinned at her. “Hello, Mother” He gave her a kiss on the cheek, and she pretended not to notice he had not answered her question.


“It’s almost Havdalah. I’ll see you later.” She watched him leave, a fond smile on her face.


“What’s Havdalah?” asked Brian.


“A short ceremony at the end of the Jewish Shabbat, which separates the holy from the profane. It is good for Jason to be with his family to lead the service.” She smiled. “Shabbat is a time of rest, of religious observance, of family. You are not supposed to conduct business, or drive, or… many other things. There is a disconnect between what Jason thinks Shabbat should be and what his hyperactive, driven, triple A type personality will allow. So his wife and children accept the fiction that Jason spends a lot of time after the Shabbat services in my company. You see, Jason lives on the fourteenth floor of this building.”


“The whole fourteenth floor?” asked Brian.


“Good heavens, no! Only a few of the apartments retain their original ridiculous dimensions. This is one of three, I believe, though I am the only one with the roof garden, obviously. The rest were subdivided a long time ago. Jason has a five-bedroom apartment. Large by New York standards, but still perfectly reasonable. But enough about my son. Let’s talk food and taste some yummies…”


“You do know I would trust your choices, don’t you?”


She grinned wickedly. “Of course you would, Brian. But then I would not have the satisfaction of knowing you will be running an extra twenty minutes for two weeks to expend the calories you will be taking in this afternoon…”


“You are a very evil woman. Now pass the canapés.” Jessica laughed her wonderful laugh.


They were trying the desserts (Strawberry tartlet, chocolate mousse, profiteroles, tarte tatin, fruit salad or pavlova?) when Brian’s phone rang. Justin was heading home. Brian voted for the tartlet, the mousse and the fruit salad (the tartlet was unbelievable), and told Jessica he had to get home. She agreed on his votes, told him he would have to trust her choice of dessert wine, and sent him out the door, laughing, shaking her head.


It did not take much food to decide if the taste was good or not. An eighth of a mini-quiche was enough as far as he was concerned. He had tried everything, and was quite sure he had not taken in more than a thousand calories. And that could be expended in a couple of wild fucks with Justin which, hey! he happened to have every day!


He laughed at himself in the cab, realizing how impatient he was to see Justin. It had been less than seven hours. He was getting used to this crazy addiction, and wondered how long it would take to wear off. At this point, it was still the other way around, getting worse all the time. Surely after a few more months it would dissipate as they got used to each other? He thought so, though of course he had only logic, but no actual basis for comparison.


When he got to the loft he knew Justin was home because of the alarm setting, and of his shoes and coat in the closet. He must be through with his shower, there was no water running. He himself had restored the bedroom panels to their normal closed position after his run. Justin must be getting dressed. He walked up the stairs and entered the one open area.


And thought: There is a God, and he loves me. Justin, fuck, he was so beautiful, Justin was leaning against the wall, completely naked, jerking off. His eyes were closed on some secret fantasy, and he was smelling Brian's moist shirt from his earlier run. He had lost weight, and his torso had gained definition, his abs especially. His luminous skin was gorgeous, his neck stretched back and his lips apart. His cock, God, Brian loved his cock so much, was wet with lube and precome, and he was holding it at a right angle to his body, as if he was fucking someone. Brian took off his clothes: He was getting into Justin’s ass as soon as he got a chance. He put a condom on his very hard erection, and lubed it well.

 

 

He wished he could see the images in Justin’s head… Suddenly Justin started talking, “Brian, you are so beautiful… I love you so much, don’t stop, here I come…” So, he had been imagining that Brian was fucking himself on that amazing cock of his. That was so fucking hot. Brian watched him come hard into his shirt, and gave him the time for a couple of breaths. Then he took the shirt out of his hand, and kissed him, pressing him against the wall.


He wanted to fuck him right there, right where he was standing. “You look so hot when you wank, Justin. Relax for me, love, let me in…” He loved the fact that as usual, Justin, who had just come, responded with unabashed enthusiasm and that, just like that, he was ready for him. Gliding into his tight channel was wonderful and once deep inside he stayed still, letting Justin adjust. Justin wrapped his legs and arms about him, like a koala on a branch, hanging on happily, and Brian had to move.


It was heaven. Their position dictated the pace. It was fast, and so deep, and fuck it was good. He was looking at Justin, watching the lust and the love in his eyes. Justin was such a sexual being, loving, loving this.


“You’re so tight and soft inside. I love it. I love you Justin…” Brian whispered, still somewhat disbelieving of his need to talk to Justin as they made love.


“I love you. I missed you. Oh, fuck, Brian, this is so good. Are you ok?”

 

 

And Brian was so glad to be loved, to have been missed and to give this man pleasure. Was he OK? Life did not get any better than this… “You weigh nothing, love. I could do this all night. But it’s too good for that. I’m going to come soon, come deep in your ass. Kiss me…” Give me your luscious lips and your soft tongue and shut me up before I tell you all the secrets of my heart.


Their kiss was perfection, their fucking was perfection, Justin’s ass in his hands was perfection, his smell, the sounds he made as Brian’s dick slid again and again into his ass… he couldn’t slow down, and didn’t want to. Instead, he let the pleasure carry him and with a long shiver and an involuntary cry came into his love, his dick immediately massaged to amazing post coital bliss by the contractions of Justin’s muscles as he too had an orgasm.


He managed to bring them to the bed to collapse in a heap. There was a happy, content look on Justin’s face, no trace of sadness at all, but somehow Brian did not entirely believe it. Justin’s loss this morning had been so grievous. He would let Justin deal with things his way, though. Justin had had plenty of experience with loss and betrayal. He would know how to handle it best, and Brian would just try to be there for him if Justin needed him.


They did go and play pool. First against some girls Justin had refused to take at face value, forcing them to show their true selves in the phony bar environment, and Brian had actually appreciated their self-assured, teasing persona and enjoyed the game against them.


After a couple of drinks, the game against the doctors was even more fun. Justin’s ass, in his new cargo paints, should have carried some kind of warning. It was a thing of beauty and Brian had a hard time keeping his hands off it. It didn’t help that Justin was like a house cat on catnip, unable to pass next to him without rubbing his obviously hard dick against some part of Brian’s body.


The doctors were amused, and not a little turned on as well, but they lost gracefully. Brian was glad to go to Essengy. That place would always be special to them. The first time he had seen Justin, he had been working on the Essengy logo with Chaz Anakian. The first time he had danced with Justin, had kissed him, had brought him to orgasm had been here at Essengy. If he was strictly honest, he had to admit this was where he had fallen in love with Justin. This was where they’d spent New Years Eve, and more importantly to him, reenacted that magical night after being apart from Justin for four and a half weeks and fearing he had lost their special connection forever.


The crazy twins made an appearance, but to his great surprise, one had a boyfriend. It was that short top he had met by fucking him in the ass, whether he liked it or not. Apparently, he had liked it. He must be 5’6” at most, but was absolutely gorgeous, his body beautifully proportioned, and with a fabulous smile.


Brian had six or seven inches on Justin and already felt like a giant. Rob probably had ten on Curtis, and easily sixty pounds. Still they looked good together, and they had all seen Rob loving taking it up the ass from his mini lover, so what did it matter?


Kissing Justin at Essengy was full of significance, and he could tell Justin was aroused enough that he might come just from his kiss. He adored the way Justin still surrendered to him, letting him take his mouth, his tongue as he melted against him completely. Earlier in the shower, Brian had used his mouth and his throat, fucking them, and Justin had loved it. He had this way of giving himself over that was the most arousing, the most tender thing in the world, but then he could tie up Brian, slap nipple clamps on him and spank his ass in the next breath. He was the most versatile, amazing lover Brian had ever had.


Right now, with the soft yielding Justin in his arms, Brian would have liked a chance at taking that offered body, at making it his, but this was Essengy, not Gillian’s. He didn’t want a quick fuck from behind, Justin leaning against the wall. Then Justin rose on his toes and said, “Take what you want, Brian. Whatever you want, It’s yours…” And why the hell not?


Brian found a free couch, covered the less than spotless cushion with his shirt for Justin, and forgot where he was, just concentrating on his man and on making love to him, and it felt so fucking right. They took their time, riding the waves of pleasure, knowing instinctively what the other needed. Finally, Brian could feel the change in Justin’s body even before Justin warned him of his impending orgasm. Justin looked taken by surprise, and Brian could see and feel the strength of his release and how long it lasted beyond the simple ejaculation. He was so glad, felt so gratified to have given Justin so much pleasure, and his possessive nature got the best of him, as he claimed Justin in every way while filling the condom inside his body.


They were reminded of why Gillian’s was a better place to make love than Essengy. Thank god there were terrycloth towels at least, but they both looked forward to a nice hot shower, which they got into as soon as they got home. Leaving the bathroom, Justin had been saying something about the weird dynamics of the doctors’ relationship, but just stopped in the middle, and Brian was amused to find he had fallen asleep mid sentence. It had been a rather long and emotional day.


Three hours later, he was awakened by a feeling of deep sadness, and realized it was not his, but Justin’s. Justin was crying, Brian could feel it though he gave no signs of it. Brian touched Justin's beautiful face and was not in the least surprised to find it bathed in tears. Justin turned in his arms, and sobbed against his chest. Brian held him, caressing his head and his back. If Justin wanted to talk, he would. Otherwise Brian would just be there, a loving solid presence. Brian knew he had only a faint idea of what Justin was feeling, and was not going to pretend otherwise, yet his Sunshine’s pain was a living creature in Brian’s breast.


He wanted to utterly destroy whoever had hurt him. There was a blond man sleeping somewhere who had no idea what was coming his way if he were found. When Justin’s tears were spent, Brian handed him a shirt to wipe his eyes and blow his nose, then held him close as he fell back asleep. He was himself halfway there when Justin said softly, “Thank you, Brian. I love you so, so much.”

 

 

Chapter 32 - To Catch a Thief - Part 3. by Conzieu

 

 

 

To Catch a Thief - Part 3


Brian wasn’t sure who had woken whom that morning, just that they had been caressing and kissing each other for a while when he reached full consciousness. He put a condom on, and slowly entered Justin from behind, covering him with his body, kissing him, loving him, holding Justin's cock lightly in his hand as Justin rocked with his thrusts, and Justin had moaned softly as he came, saying his name, “Brian, Brian, Brian…”. Brian had been surprised by the force of his own orgasm, unable to hold back a cry of satisfaction.


They showered and by the time Brian was done shaving, Justin had changed the sheets, brought in the New York Times and made Brian coffee. They got back in bed and worked on the Sunday crossword puzzle together, Justin’s head on Brian’s shoulder.


“180 degrees from it, in seven letters.”


“Opposite”


“Justin, that’s eight. N is the second letter.”


“Antonym”


“Good boy.”


Brian filled out two more words without calling them out.


“Hey! Feeling useless here!”


“These are easy ones. Disliked by the liver, that’s toxic. Lyon’s gefilte fish is quenelle.”


Justin chuckled. “Obviously…”


As usual, they got about halfway through before giving up. Then Brian read the financial pages, and Justin checked out the Arts and Leisure section.


Soon, Justin was stretching like a cat. That usually meant he was ready to start the day. Brian dropped the paper and caressed all that luminous silken skin, not in a sexual way, but just for the pleasure of it.


Justin smiled at him. “I’m going to go paint,” he said.


“OK. What are you painting now?”


“Amazingly, I finished one yesterday. Not so abstract. A mountain seen through snow-covered branches. I’ve no idea where that came from…It’s beautiful. Cold. So I’ll be starting something new today. A 5X5 I think, though I’m not sure what it’s going to be. It's weird. The other one I could see completed in my head before I even started. This one, I’m clueless…”


Justin rolled over on top of Brian and kissed him. His body was light but warm, his tongue soft and caressing. He moved back and watched Brian for a second.


“You are so amazingly beautiful,” he said, which is exactly what Brian had been thinking about him.


Justin kissed him again, his lips soft and elastic, then he rolled out of bed and put on some well-worn painting clothes.


“Are you working at home today?” he asked.


Brian did have some files that needed his attention, and he had done nothing for work yesterday.


“Yes, definitely. I have to do some serious thinking about Vail. I’m leaving Tuesday after next, remember?”


“No. I’d actually forgotten. When are you back?”


“Thursday the 25th, lunchtime, hopefully.”


“OK.” Justin looked at him with a wistful smile. “Fuck. I’m going to miss you like crazy…”


Brian smiled back. “Believe me, Sunshine. It goes both ways…”


After Justin left for Pratt, Brian removed his files from his briefcase, and started working. The second part of the Jo Sidoff campaign was about to be launched. It was very exciting. The first part had been remarkably successful. He did some projections and analysis to make sure they were still going to hit their target audience, and it all looked good.


For some reason he had now ended up with a second unglamorous product, some laundry detergent… For a man who had practically never done his own laundry, it was a bit of a joke. Sadly, that chore was a necessity for most, and he tried to think creatively. Did Cynthia do her own laundry? Probably. Emmett? Who was his target audience? The classic response was “Moms with kids.” But didn’t millions of single people do laundry as well? What were they looking for? Who was targeting them? Were they an important enough secment of the market to dedicate a whole category of detergent to? If he were doing laundry, what would he be looking for?

 

 

Good cleaning power


Work fast and at low temperature. (No one wanted to stay at the laundromat longer than necessary, and a lot of club clothes were “Dry clean only”, which as far as he knew meant wash on the gentle cycle.)


Smells clean, not perfumy. Or two kinds? Manly smell, and ladies? That was an idea…


Concentrated. No one wanted to lug 20KG of detergent to the corner place.


Softener included. One product was enough.


Made ironing easier. Was that even possible? Who had time to iron these days?


Brian chuckled and wrote, Prize in the box. Condom? Miniature lipstick? Goofy key chain?


He had to consult with the professor and with the company rep. He closed the file.


Now for Vail…


Brian jumped when the phone rang. It was Mikey. 8:30 already. Brian had worked all day, skipping lunch, dinner, and working out. Mikey wanted to watch Alien, which started at 9:00. That was fine. As they talked, Brian made himself a bagel sandwich, like the ones Justin made him, and on further thought made two in case Justin came home hungry. He also peeled himself an apple and cut it in slivers. Then he went and sat on the couch for his usual Sunday night date with Mikey.


Hunter was having a hard time. His last girl friend had told everyone about his past and people were treating him like a freak again. He was threatening to lie next time and say he’d gotten infected from a transfusion. Of course he was too young for that.


The movie had started, and Mikey was chatting his ear off as usual when Brian realized he was listening for Justin coming home.


He had no reason to believe Justin would not have dinner at the brownstone, or go to Essengy, so he should quit it. By ten, he was jumping at every siren, at every sound. He apologized to Mikey, put him on hold and dialed Justin. An unknown voice answered.


“Hello?”


“Who is this?”


“My name is Sophie. This phone just rang under my car and almost gave me a heart attack.”


“Where are you located?


“I’m a student at Pratt. I’m in the Fine Art parking lot.”


“Do you know Justin Taylor?”


“I know of him. He is really gifted, and cute too…”


“This is his phone. Would you mind going into the Studio and see if he, or Lilah, or Rory are still painting?”


“Lilah with the red hair?”


“Yes, please.”


“I could have easily driven over that phone, you know… He must have dropped it. Here we are. Wow, there’s a big hole in the wall, like someone punched it…” Then, in the background.


“Excuse me. You’re Justin Taylor, aren’t you?”


“I am. What can I do for you?” Brian thought he was going to pass out with relief.


“I found your phone in the parking lot under my car when it rang. There is some man calling…”


“Thank you so much. Let me come with you. I want to make sure there’s nothing else of mine under your car… Brian? Brian?”


For a second, Brian couldn’t even speak. “Brian!”


“Yes, Sunshine. I’m here.”


“My bag is here, where I put it.” There was the sound of a bag being turned upside down. “This is weird Brian, I used my phone an hour ago to call Andrew and it was in my bag…”


In the background again, What’s your name? Sophie? Thank you so much for coming to find me Sophie. I’m pretty sure nothing else is missing. I really appreciate your kindness. Yes, if you find something else under there, let me know. Oh, thank you. Yes, I like it too. It’s called “Cold”. Yes, Lilah thinks it feels that way too. Sorry, I… right. See you.”


“Sorry Brian. It looked like she was on her way home. I didn’t want to delay her anymore than I already had… I packed up my paints a while back. I was just hanging with Lilah. I figured you were having your usual date with Mikey and that you wouldn’t mind…”


“I don’t. I was calling to ask if you were coming home or maybe going to Essengy.”


“I’m coming home, and getting some rest. I’ll be there soon actually. My new painting looks fantastic, Brian. It’s nowhere near done, but… I hope you’ll like it. I wonder why my phone was in the parking lot. That’s just bizarre…Later.”


“Later.” Why had he called? Since when did he check on Justin? Who had taken his phone and why?


Brian switched back to Michael.


“Where did you go?” he asked.


“I was talking to Justin. There was a mix-up with his phone.”


“Justin, Justin, Justin… It’s always all about Justin,” joked Mikey.


“Yes. Yes it is. Just like everything is about Ben, Ben, Ben, and Hunter, Hunter, Hunter, and JR, JR, JR… They are our families, Mikey, the people we love, the most important people to us.”


“Brian, this is so not you. Since when do you love anyone?”


Brian smiled. “I love you, Mikey, always have, always will.”


“I mean really love, love. Someone else than me.”


“You just don’t think I can say it, do you? Well, you are wrong. I love Justin. More than anyone or anything in the world, I love him.”


Mikey laughed. “Oh, my God. It’s so weird. In a good way, but it’s so weird. Emmett said that Daphne said you don’t trick anymore.”


“Are we in grade school, Mikey?” Brian answered with a smile. “They are right. I don’t trick. No sucking, no fucking, no kissing… It’s all for Justin now, and I am so fucking happy, it’s a disgrace.


“You guys should get married.”


“You just want to be best man.”


“Would I be?”


“Mikey, I promise you, if I ever get married, you will be best man.”


“I’m not holding my breath.”


“Wise of you…”


Brian could not help a huge feeling of relief when Justin walked in, tiptoeing to not disturb his conversation. He pointed him in the direction of the sandwich and Justin gave him a huge happy grin, but showed hands that were covered with paint. Brian had learned that his lover liked to use old fashioned pigments in his oil paint and that many were dangerous. A few minutes later, Sunshine returned for his sandwich wearing nothing but a towel around his hips. He looked so good.


He just sat at his computer, and typed with one hand while eating with the other. Brian was paying no attention whatsoever to Alien, just enjoying watching Justin’s perfect reflection inconspicuously in the window. Justin, finished, got up to take his plate to the sink, and halfway there the towel fell off. He picked it up, put it on the bar and continued, naked and unselfconscious. He opened the fridge, and for a moment the light shone on his front. He bent down and reached for water, then turned around to go back to his computer picking the towel up again. He moved with natural grace, his body perfection in Brian’s eye. His pale skin seemed to reflect the moonlight.


He put the towel down on the chair, and sat back down. Suddenly, he seemed excited by something on the screen, and typed something quickly, waiting impatiently for the result. He typed something again. An email? And pressed send. He paced back and forth as he waited, his lovely dick swinging from side to side, making Brian salivate. Then, once again, he looked excited and opened something. Then he sat back down, and Brian could not tell if he was disappointed or relieved. Brian did not want to continue speaking with Mikey. He wanted to know what Justin was doing.


“Mikey? I’ve got to go.”


“So soon?”


“Sorry. I’ll call you soon and explain. Bye.”


“OK. Bye.”


Brian got up and put his arm around Justin. “What’s up?”


“We’ve all started suspecting this guy who had befriended Andrew, but has been missing in action since Wednesday in the theft of my paintings. Blond, 5’7”, longish hair, hazel eyes, nice smile.”


Aidan, thought Brian.


“I have been wracking my brain trying to find someone by that description in my past. It’s not the youngest Tuscan, or anyone related to Phil… Molly thought it might be Mark Hobbs, Chris Hobbs’ brother, the guy who bashed me. She just finally got her hand on a photo, and I passed it on to Andrew, Lilah, and all the others. It’s not him. I’m not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand I’d like to know who it is. On the other, I’m so relieved it has nothing to do with Hobbs. That bastard still scares the shit out of me…”


Brian caressed the side of Justin’s face. “Let’s find him next time we’re in Pittsburgh, and you can beat the crap out of him.”


“I…uh…No, I…”


“You could, you know. You could beat the shit out of me. You beat the shit out of Phil, and that guy, Hugh, with the bat. Chris Hobbs is just a man, Sunshine. You would flatten his ass. He can never hurt you again, not even with a bat.”


“I’d prefer if he didn’t have a bat…” said Justin, grinning.


“OK. But it might be more fair, though even with one, he doesn’t stand a chance. Especially if he comes after me.” The fierce light in Justin’s eyes told him how right he was.


Then Justin smiled again. “I don’t have to be afraid of him anymore, do I?”


“No.”


“Well, it’s not him or his brother, anyway…” But somehow a semi smile stayed on Justin’s lips. “You’re off the phone already? I’m for bed.” He wiggled his eyebrows. “Care to join me?”


Considering he was naked already and was playing idly with his stiffening dick, it was a very unfair question. They got ready for bed, and lay next to each other, smiling. Brian put lube on his hand, and asked Justin, “Yours or mine?”


“Mine,” said Justin, lubing his hand and grabbing Brian’s dick.


Hand jobs are really hot when after a while you are making out without restraint, and your fingers find their way up each other’s ass. After about twenty minutes they were rubbing come into each other’s chest, kissing fiercely, and Brian, recuperating faster of the two was sheathed and up Justin’s ass making him cry out in pleasure. Another fifteen minutes later, and he himself shot come into the condom deep in Justin. By some freakish trick of nature, Justin got hard again in the shower, and the evening ended on a marvelous blowjob under warm water, Brian gluttonously swallowing first his cock, then his come.


Both Monday and Tuesday morning, LaShaun passed a note to Brian with his coffee, being extremely circumspect. The first said, ‘Talking to Alfonse from the Crypts’, the second one, ‘Talking to Pedro of La Familia’. Brian assumed those were links in the chain that was going to bring them to the Chinese Gang’s information.


Though Justin and he talked about it a lot over the next two days, they could not figure out why Justin’s phone had been taken from his bag and thrown on the parking lot. Tuesday was the first day Jasper manned the camera since the previous Saturday, and he was kind enough to describe to Brian what he saw that night. A blond guy arrived at about 9:15 pm, entered the building and came right back out and seemed to be searching for a number on his cell phone. Then he looked as if he just pocketed it while passing between two cars before walking off.


Brian called Justin’s direct line to let him know what he’d found out, but Justin already knew. He’d just had another phone call on his direct line at Plexus asking him if the money was ready. Very few people knew that number. The partners, the other creative managers, and that was it. Even Justin didn’t know it by heart. He had it in his phone. Everybody else wanting to talk to him would have had to go through the general number and Sarah, and ask for him by name.


The money was ready. Brian had called the bank Monday morning, and just like in a bad movie, had picked up a briefcase containing $100,000.00 in twenties on Monday night. Brian did not really want to give the money to Justin. He had a feeling Justin was going to go give the ransom on his own and did not want that. However, when Justin showed up in his office Tuesday with a promissory note he had had Gerard from legal kindly write for him, there was nothing he could do but give up the cash or ruin the fact that Justin had asked him for it.


“Are you dropping it off today?” asked Brian, trying to act calm.


“No. I said I didn’t have it yet. He’ll call back.” Thank God for that.


“When?”


“He didn’t say, and no, I didn’t recognize the voice, he was speaking through a cloth or something. I just want to be ready.”


“OK.”


“Brian, if the situation were reversed, I would be scared that you would try to go alone, without telling me. So I promise. I will tell you before I go, and I will be as cautious and prudent as I can. I am not going to get hurt for $100,000.00, even if it is yours. It’s just money. I’m not even going to get hurt for my paintings. They are just wood and cloth and paint. I want them back, because they are important to me, but you and our life together are so much more important.”


Brian took Justin in his arms and whispered, “A year ago I did not even know you. I have changed more in a year than any person can be expected to change. You have demolished every defense I had by giving me a love I can believe in, that I don’t need to fear. I am the happiest I have ever been, but I am also more vulnerable than I ever thought possible because… I love you back. I try to be rational, but sometimes, I get so fucking scared…”


As soon as Justin left, Brian dialed LaShaun.


“…”


“It’s Brian”


“I’m working, man.”


“They called about the ransom, we don’t have much time.”


“Can’t tie up the line. It’s rush hour for me. I’m off at 3. Call then. I’ve got news. Click.”


Brian looked at the time. It was 12:30. He might as well go work out. At 1:30, he met with the Sidoff people, and they signed for the new phase of the campaign. At 2:30, Sam who had assigned himself to the detergent campaign, Marcus who had the numbers, and the company rep met to consider Brian thoughts about the single person’s detergent. It passed the first storming session; they would reconvene in two weeks.


At 3:05, Brian dialed LaShaun again.


“…”


“Brian”


“Dude, you’re five minutes late. Call your pal with the Porsche, we need us some wheels. Meet you in twenty minutes in front of your work.”


“You know where I work?”


“Click”


Jesus… Brian called Jason.


“Kintzer.”


“Can you meet me in front of Plexus in twenty minutes?”


“Brian?”


“Sorry, yes.”


“No. I’m in the middle of a meeting.”


“LaShaun requested your presence. Apparently, and I quote, we need your wheels.”


“Cool. I’m there…See you.”


Brian chuckled. Hopefully LaShaun wasn’t just in the mood for a drive… He went to talk to Cynthia.


“I'm sorry, Cynthia, but I need to absent myself for a moment. It might be an emergency. I am hoping to be back by five…”


“Is Justin involved in this emergency? Because if you just need to fuck, take pity on me, and just fuck here, so I don’t have to reschedule extra people. I’ll guard the door…”


“Uh… That’s good to know, but no, this is not that kind of emergency…”


“And am I still supposed to pretend that you are working and booked for the week of the 29th?”


“Absolutely. Please. And show up on the 26th or I’ll never forgive you.”


“All dolled up, and you are not telling me why?”


“Because you love me. That’s why.”


Cynthia laughed. “Oh, well then…”


“I’ve got to go.”


The red Porsche was parked out front, and a young black drug dealer was coming their way. From twenty feet away he called “Shotgun”, and Jason, laughing, folded the front seat forward. The back seat was a joke. Brian had to stoop, and fold his legs up on the seat next to him. LaShaun sat in front and turned to him with a smile.


“All right back there, white boy?”


“Very comfortable, thank you…”


“So first we go talk to Jimmy Chung. You two be nice. He kills people.”


“For a living?”


“No. For fun.” LaShaun laughed. “I had you going, didn’t I? Yeah, o’course fo’ a livin’. He ain’t no runner, he an enforcer…”


“I feel so much better,” said Jason.


They stopped in front of a hotdog stand. “We all get out. You leave the keys in and the engine running. Trust me on this. Brian, keep the seat down so you can get back in right quick…” There was a little Chinese girl sitting on a folding chair next to the hotdog stand. “Jason, give the girl ten bucks. She guards the car.”


Jason did, and walked away after LaShaun. “What is she, six?”


“Nah. She jus’ little. She Li’l May. She nine. She sitting on a 38 special. Nobody steal your car. She a really good shot…”


There was a young Asian man who looked like a physics student leaning on a chain link fence around the corner. He was reading the third Harry Potter.


“Jimmy, these are the gentlemen I spoke to you about. Misters Jason Kintzer and Brian Kinney. They are regular honest citizens who can vouch for the contents of the white van. Gentlemen, this is Mr. Jimmy Chung.”


“This white van has been a problem. You see, an unknown young man, who is lucky to be alive, stood at a corner where my family has interests, and waited for over an hour for said van to appear. Because our young man was born under lucky stars he immediately proceeded to move the van to a different neighborhood. It was followed and was seen being stored in a garage. However, certain members of my family regard the contents of said van as our property, should they prove to contain a certain product our family is known to procure. The neighborhood where the van is now located is under the protection of a group of individuals much less restrained than ourselves when it comes to street violence, so we would be extremely disappointed to take the risk to retrieve the van, potentially beginning some sort of feud with these people if the van only contained say… paintings for example.”


“Mr. Chung, I am a rather well known agent for artists. Painters to be exact. This van contains twelve paintings by an as of yet almost unknown painter who still attends school at the Pratt Institute. If you’ll allow me, I can reach for my wallet and give you my card.”


“If you don’t mind, I would prefer Mr. Pettigrew to do so.”


“That’s me, Jason. Please do not move your hands.” LaShaun carefully reached in Jason’s pocket, retrieved his wallet, extracted his card, and gave it to Jimmy Chung, before replacing the wallet just as carefully.


“Mr. Kinney? What is your relation to these alleged paintings?”


LaShaun was about to cut him off, but Jimmy raised a manicured hand to stop him. “Mr.Kinney?”


Brian had a feeling LaShaun did not think it was wise to admit being gay to this young man, but damn if Brian was going to lie about it.


“The artist is my lover,” he said.


“And you wish to return the paintings to her?”


Painter, artist, lover. All ambiguous words.


“No, I wish to return the paintings to him,” Brian clarified.


Jimmy Chung nodded with a smile. “Justin Taylor. A brilliant young artist, I understand. Thank you for not lying to me, Mr. Kinney. I would have had to erase the insult to my family. Homosexuality is not a perversion my grandfather admits into our own ranks, though it is tolerated in others. Lying however is not. You made the right choice. My aunt married a Vietnamese man but they are respectable people. Their youngest daughter is an artist as well, by the name of Phuong Hoang. She is a good friend to Justin Taylor and my favorite cousin. I saw her last Sunday. She discussed the theft and the suspicious blond man. We started suspecting the van contained nothing of interest to our family. You have confirmed our suspicions.” He handed a piece of paper to Jason. “This is the address where you will find the van. It is not, per se, in Blood territory, but in a quiet old neighborhood, however, we would have had to cross the Bloods' territory to get to it. It is very possible the Bloods are maintaining some sort of surveillance of the location. You may want to be quick in your retrieval.”


“Thank you,” said Brian. Jason and LaShaun nodded. They returned to the car, and left.


“That was fun,” said Jason. “Let’s not do it again.” All three started laughing.


“Now, the good news is, the Bloods don’t even know nothing about no van.”


“LaShaun, your hood is showing,” said Jason.


“Dude?”


“You just used a triple negative. I notice your grammar was exquisitely correct as you spoke to Jimmy Chung.”


“They get insulted easily, these people. It’s always wise to be as correct and precise as possible with them. You all don’t even own no gun… and frankly, after Brian gambling with our life by being honest about enjoying butt sex with the artist in residence, I need to relax a little. Scared the shit out o’ me, you did…” He shook his head in disbelief. "Anyhow… I asked around the Blood runners. They don’t go in that ol’ neighborhood. All old white people in there, happy trigger finger, and always calling the cops on niggers. So I’ll be staying in the car, thank you very much…”

 

 

Ten minutes later, they were pulling up in front of an old house with a separate garage.

“We’re here,” said Jason.


“Now, here is what’s going to go down. One of you is going to force the garage lock and open the door. The other is going to hot wire the van if the keys aren’t in it. Then we’re going to get the fuck out of here without passing through Queens. All right?”


“I don’t know how to do either,” said Brian. “You’re going to have to help.”


“Does a nigger have to do everything around here? Fuck that shit. You know Gladys Kravitz is watching from across the street. You all be white and wearing suits. She’ll be coming to offer you tea if you take too long. I come out, I’ll be lucky if she don’t shoot my black ass with salt just for crossing the street!” He took a large screwdriver out of his pocket. “Brian: this is a 30’s garage lock. It’s made to keep the door closed, not the thieves out. You shove this thing as far as it can go, and you turn to the right as hard as you can turn. It will pop, you’re in. Jason: you used to drive a cab. Don’t tell me you can’t hot wire a car!”


“I know how to hot wire a car. And I suppose you’re driving the Porsche out of here?”


LaShaun looked at him with a big smile. “Somebody has to…”


“How do you know I drove a cab?”


“I seen you drive, man. I seen the little hand signals and shit. I seen how you know the city. I ain’t stupid.”


Jason came out of the Porsche and took out his cell phone as Brian dislodged himself from the back seat. LaShaun handed him the screwdriver. “Go to it.”


Thirty-four years without getting arrested, thought Brian. He walked to the garage door, shoved the screwdriver in hard, and turned harder. There was a metallic sound, and the screwdriver fell out in two pieces. Of course. He grabbed the doorknob and twisted. The door had been open all along. He took his time, and opened both sides, making sure to engage the little guards that kept the doors open. Jason was already inside the van. Brian walked back to the Porsche, where LaShaun was laughing his ass off.


Brian sat in the passenger seat, grinning.


“I can’t believe the door was open. You owe me a screwdriver,” said LaShaun.


“It was a piece of shit,” said Brian. LaShaun was still laughing when he turned over the engine and followed the white van down the street. Brian honked the horn of the Porsche and asked LaShaun to drive up to the window of the van.


“Really discreet, Kinney!” griped Jason.


“Did you check the paintings are still in there?” asked Brian.


“Shit!” said Jason. He stopped the van, came out, walked around to the back, opened the door and looked. Once again, LaShaun was about to wet himself he was laughing so hard.


Jason came back to the front. “Still in there. Twelve of them… Now follow me, and LaShaun, don’t grind the gears.”


Forty minutes later, they were pulling into Jessica’s garage on Fifth Avenue. “Well,” said LaShaun, “the cops certainly won’t be looking here…”


As soon as he was out, Brian looked for his phone to call Justin with the good news. His phone was not in his pocket. He bent down and looked on the back seat. He had done so many contortions to get in there he was not surprised to find it on the floor. His phone had been on vibrate and he felt a cold shiver down his back when he realized he had missed eleven calls from Justin, the last one almost thirty minutes ago.


He dialed Justin.


“Justin Tay…click” He had hung up.


Brian dialed again. It rang and went to voice mail. He dialed again. It went directly to voice mail. He listened to the messages.



To be continued...

 

Chapter 33 - What was he thinking?. by Conzieu

 

 

 

What was he thinking?



Justin left for Pratt. He hated to carry that stupid briefcase with all that money around with him, so he had left it at Plexus, in his bottom drawer. The thief had gone through the trouble of getting his direct line at Plexus for a reason. Justin felt pretty confident he wouldn't hear from him until the next day.


He had just started a criticism of a Miro piece as an exercise when his phone vibrated. It was 3:30. He was surprised. Brian usually was very aware of his class hours and did not disturb him. He asked to be excused and left the room. It had not been Brian calling, but a blocked number, and there were no messages left. Justin quickly dialed Brian to let him know he suspected the thief was trying to make contact, but after ringing, Brian’s phone went to voicemail. He must be giving a presentation.


“Hey. I think the guy is trying to call. I was in class. I’m going to give him a few minutes to call back, then I’m going back in.”


He sat down in the corridor, waiting for his phone to ring, thinking of his new painting. He was back to full abstraction. On Sunday, when he had gotten the 5X5 out, it had been obvious what color was needed for a base. It was a golden brown, with specks of green, the exact color of Brian’s eyes. It had taken a very long time to get just right, and Justin still didn’t know where it was going. The phone vibrated. He was hoping for Brian.


“Justin Taylor”


“Why didn’t you answer?” The muffled voice of the thief.


“I was in the middle of class. I came out. I’ve been sitting in the corridor waiting for you to call back.”


“Good. You have the money.”


It wasn’t a question… “No. No I don’t.”


“Don’t lie to me. He went to the bank last night to pick it up. It must be nice to have a rich boyfriend who just hands this kind of cash over on demand.”


“It’s a loan.” Why did Justin feel the need to defend himself? Who gave a shit what that prick thought? “And I don’t have the money here with me right now. I’m at school.”


“You left the money at work?”


“Yes. I didn’t want to lug it around all day. Just tell me when and where you want me to drop it off.”


“Where is it at your work?” Why was he asking this? Was it a test? Justin was not that close to the window, but he supposed he could have been seen from the building across the way with binoculars. That was spooky.


“In my desk. In the bottom drawer.”


“Good answer. That’s where it was. It’s all there. Thank you.”


“Hello? Hello!” Shit! He’d hung up.


Justin called Julie’s direct line.


“Hello?”


“Julie?”


“Yes.”


“It’s Justin. Could you check if there is a briefcase in my bottom drawer?”


“I don’t need to check. Your friend Aidan from Pratt came to pick it up. He seemed so relieved you’d found it. It’s a good thing you had told him exactly where it was since you forgot to tell me he’d be coming for it …Better late than never. He seemed really nice. Nice smile. Is he… more than just a friend maybe?”


“Sorry, I gotta go, Julie. Bye.”


Justin wanted to hit himself. He had been so stupid. Why had he left the money behind? Why did he not at least leave it with Brian? The thief had the money, the paintings, everything… Now he had to tell Brian. He was going to be pissed. Fuck. He dialed. Voicemail. He didn’t know whether to be annoyed or relieved.


“Hey. Please call me back. We have a problem…”


He was such a coward. His phone vibrated.


“Justin Taylor”


“You want your paintings back, Justin?”


“Yes. Yes, please.”


“I have all the cards in my hands, Justin. I could just disappear…”


“I know. Please, please give me back my paintings.”


“I love it when you beg… Take a cab to Lincoln Center. Now! Let Lilah deal with your things.”


Justin dialed Brian frantically as he ran outside.


“The thief wants me to go to Lincoln Center. I’m taking a cab from Pratt. Please call me back!”


He found a cab, and alighted almost twenty minutes later in front of the hall of the philharmonic orchestra with its white columns. It was 4:00 PM. Now what? He waited, sitting on the sidewalk. After fifteen minutes, when he was losing hope, his phone rang.


“Go to Julliard.”


Justin had a vague idea about the general direction but asked a couple of people before getting to the school. There were lots of students around. Why was he here? Was there some meaning to this?


Justin called Brian.


“Hey. I’m at Juilliard. I have no idea what’s going on. He’s just sending me places, and I wait for the next call. Why aren’t you answering? I don’t remember you having a huge presentation today… Please call me back, Brian.”


Once again he sat down and waited, watching the students around him. It was a different crowd than Pratt, they looked... more driven. He was glad Fine Arts was not so competitive. At 4:30, he dialed Brian again, and once again it rang and went to voicemail. As he waited, he tried two more times. It was stupid, because Brian would call back when he could, but he couldn’t help himself.


His phone rang again.


“Get a cab to MoMA, Justin.”


Cabs were plentiful around the area and the Museum of Modern Art was just across Central Park. He got there quickly, leaving a message for Brian to tell him of his change of venue. His phone rang again.


“Go in, Justin. Go wherever you want. Enjoy yourself.”


Justin dialed Brian. “I’m at MoMA. He told me to go in and enjoy myself. I’m getting a bit worried. I think this guy is nuts. I’m going to look at the collections. The museum closes soon anyway.”


Justin walked around looking at the new pieces taken out from the permanent collection. Some he loved, some he hated. He practiced his critique skills on both, remaining distant and neutral, and thought he did a good job. His phone vibrated again.


“Time to go, Justin. Get in a cab.”


He dialed Brian. “I’m leaving. He said to get in a cab.”


Once again finding a cab was easy. He got in and his phone rang. “Go to the McDonalds on Broadway and 71st Street. See you soon, Justin…”


He told the cabbie the address and called Brian yet again. It was 5:00PM.


“Brian, I am going to a McDonalds on Broadway and 71st Street. He said ‘See you soon’. I think he's finally done dragging me all over town and is actually going to be there. What’s going on? Why aren’t you answering or calling me back? I could use some advice here… Bye.”


Well. It looked as if he was on his own at this point. He walked into the McDonalds and ordered large fries and a water. He sat down near the window, munching. The fries tasted really good. Someone stepped behind him and put the briefcase with the money in front of him, then massaged his shoulders. He knew that touch. The man caressed his hair. “It’s so short, Justin. I don’t like it that short. It makes you look so young…” Ethan came and sat across from him.


His hair was longer than it had been, dyed blond, a beautiful dye job, professionally done, Justin thought. They’d even lightened his eyebrows. It looked really natural. His stupid little patch of beard was gone. Ethan chuckled. “I’m going to have to dye my hair back, I have a concert on Saturday, and I don’t think my agent would like my new look.” He was devouring Justin with his eyes. “You look so beautiful, Justin. You’ve lost weight, haven’t you? My prick is hard. You want to feel it? You always turned me on so much. I can’t wait for you to fuck me.”


Justin finally recovered the power of speech. “Ethan? What are you doing?”


Ethan looked away. “I’m sorry I took your paintings, Justin, but... I came to New York to ask you to come home. I’m sorry about what happened with Gary. It was just sex, and just a couple of times. It helped us relax and play better together, you know?”


He reached for Justin’s hand on the table. “I love you, only you, baby. You are my muse; no one can ever take your place in that… I should have told you about Gary. I should have explained it was just for the music. I know you still love me. A love like ours doesn’t just go away. Since you’ve been gone… My playing isn’t the same. No one else notices, but I do. The heart is gone from my violin. I know this was extreme, but your boyfriend wants to keep us apart. Did he even tell you I had come looking for you, baby? He is a fist class asshole. He threatened me, if you can believe that! He pushed me to this extreme. He would do anything to prevent me from speaking to you. Obviously, he knows how you still feel about me, and that you want to come back to me.”


Justin was looking with complete disbelief at Ethan's smiling face. Was he joking? He looked dead serious. Some things needed to be said. He pulled his hand out of Ethan’s.


“Ethan, I know, and you know, that Gary wasn’t the first. You had made promises to me you were unable to keep. You never could resist getting a dick, any dick, up your ass. I did love you once. I even moved to LA to be with you. But by the time I saw you with Gary, there were already some serious problems in our relationship. Your music takes precedence over everything else, and that’s fine. Even now, you are not here for me as a person, you are here for your muse. But I wanted more, Ethan. I needed more. You always thought of my painting as secondary to your playing, and of me as an extension of you. I was not a complete person, and I was not happy. In every aspect of our couple, there were things missing. The whole thing was hollow, only the shell of what it should have been.


“Listen to me, Ethan. I was glad to get out of the relationship. I couldn’t wait to leave LA. I did not love you anymore, and I certainly do not love you now. I don’t even think of you at all. Brian did tell me you were there. I asked him to get rid of you. I have no interest in you, or in ever seeing you again. Whatever fondness may have remained because of what we once meant to each other, you have now effectively destroyed by stealing my paintings and putting me through hell.


“If you have an ounce of decency, you will return them to me. Either way, I never want to see you again.”


Ethan’s face was ugly with disbelief and rage. He pushed the briefcase with the money to Justin. “I don’t want your tainted money. I don’t want his money. Take it.”


Justin took the briefcase off the table and put it next to his chair.


“You stole my muse,” Ethan spat out. “You stole my art, Justin. So I’ll be keeping yours as a compensation.”


“Ethan, you are a great violinist. No one can take that away from you. I stole nothing from you. You will meet someone else, someone who will understand you, another musician perhaps, and you will be much happier than you ever were with me.”


Now Ethan had that face he made when he was trying to get his way, as if Justin was being unfair to him. How could he have ever fallen for it? “It’s been a year, Justin. I have tried to find someone. No one even comes close to you, baby. They want me to top! And even if they don’t, it still never feels like you, like your prick inside my ass. Do you fuck your boyfriend, Justin? He doesn’t let you, does he? He is a top only, isn’t he? Or has he stolen that from me too? Why should he have you and not me?”


Justin's phone rang.


“Justin Tay…”


Ethan had grabbed the phone from him and closed it. And in his other hand Justin was shocked to see he was holding a small silver gun. The phone rang again, three times, before going to voicemail. Then Ethan pressed the off button then hid the gun with his hand.


Around them, things went on as usual. No one had noticed anything.


“Ethan. Is this even a real gun?” asked Justin. “What the hell are you doing? Stealing my paintings is not enough now? What are you going to do, shoot me?” He shook his head. “Have you lost your fucking mind?”


“I hate your boyfriend. He is arrogant, self satisfied.”


“Because he wouldn’t fuck you?” OK, maybe it wasn’t smart to antagonize him, but he was starting to piss Justin off.


“Is that what he said happened? He’s a liar. He wanted me. I turned him down.”


“You shouldn’t have. He is the fuck of a lifetime.” Justin could feel his temper rising. He had just about had enough of this nonsense.


“Shut up! If I can’t have you, baby, no one can, especially not him.”


“So you are going to shoot me in cold blood, and spend your life in jail. Yeah. That’s realistic. Hey, at least in the big house no one will ask you to top… And you’ll get to do it raw, like you always wanted…” God, Ethan was vile. How had Justin ever seen anything in him?


“Shut up, shut up shut up!”


“Ok then, Ethan. Just fucking shoot me already, or let me go. I have a painting to finish, and you are just as boring as you always were.”


“You don’t think I can do it, do you? I can. And I will unless you do what you’re told. Now, get up, and walk to the door.”


“No. Not unless you tell me first where the hell we are going.”


“I’ve been staying at my grandparents'. But for our reunion I got us a hotel room, a beautiful one, with a bottle of champagne, the pink roses you like, a big king size bed… Well. We’re going to use it. You are going to fuck me until I don’t remember my own name, like you used to do. And if you make it real good maybe I won't shoot you. And if you fuck me enough maybe I’ll tell you where your paintings are. And maybe when you are deep in my ass you will remember how good it can be. Dump that prick and come back where you belong.”


“You know what, Ethan? I’ll take the bullet.” Justin unbuttoned his shirt, exposing his breast. “Do your worst.”


Making a rather bad error in judgment, and to Justin's utter astonishment, the idiot shot him.


It seemed to Justin that after that time no longer followed its normal rhythm. It seemed to accelerate and slow down both at once, which was rather strange.


First there was a loud snapping sound like a branch breaking, and Brian was holding Ethan's gun arm behind his back too far for comfort. Then there was a boom sound, and in slow motion Ethan's face hit the table really, really hard. When he looked back up his nose looked funny, kind of squashed, and then a very bright red paint, as red as blood, just gushed out of it. It was a really pretty color. There was some of the same color on Justin’s own chest and he ran his finger through it, drawing with it on a napkin. What a gorgeous red! He wondered where he could buy some. There was a thump, thump, thump noise, and Justin looked up from his drawing.


Ethan was on the floor, now, Brian on top of him, and his head was hitting the ground. Boy! Was Brian pissed off! Maybe he knew Ethan had been spreading lies about him wanting Ethan and getting turned down. Maybe Ethan had called him baby. Justin giggled.


Justin got up and took off his shirt. He didn’t want any red on it. It was his special shirt. He took off his pants too, because the red was on his belly too, and he didn’t want his favorite pants dirty. He’d just gotten them back from dry cleaning. He had to toe off his shoes to get them off, and took off his socks too, otherwise he’d look silly naked with socks on. Brian liked him naked anyway. Then he went and pulled Brian off of Ethan because he wanted a kiss, and Brian was not even paying any attention to him. Brian looked at him and his eyes got really scared when he saw the red on his chest and belly. Silly Brian. Justin was fine. It was just a little round hole.


“I want a kiss!” he whined, and there were sirens outside. Brian was holding him and it felt good because Justin was really, really cold, but he wasn’t kissing, and Justin was getting mad. “Brian! Kiss me! Now!” And finally Brian’s lips were on his and Brian’s tongue was in his mouth and it was the best kiss ever, it was so good that Justin fainted.


When he came to he was in a hospital, and a clock said 8:00. Brian was sitting in the chair next to his bed, holding his hand, a guilty, concerned, sad look on his beautiful face. Oops. There was blood on hisshirt, and on his tie… Justin had an elastic wrapped around his chest. Seeing his eyes open, Brian smiled at him, and he smiled back. Justin’s cock was really hard.


“I am so fucking horny for you,” he said, and Brian burst out laughing, so Justin took the hand that had been holding his and put it on his erection, to show he wasn’t joking.


“Holy shit, Sunshine. You want me to do something about this?” Brian looked real happy that Justin was horny.


“Oh, yes please.” He loved Brian.


Brian moved the sheet and blanket aside, uncovering a magnificent boner. He licked the head, and sucked the precome oozing out of its slit. Justin moaned. That felt so good. Brian suckled the head of his cock like a man starved, and then swallowed the whole thing to the root, and Justin was in heaven. Brian only had to bob his head two or three times, and Justin came and came and came.


Brian sucked the last drop of his come and put the sheet and blanket back in place. Justin grabbed Brian's shirt and pulled him to him, kissing that wonderful mouth. Then he remembered he had a few questions.


“Why am I here?”


“The fiddler shot you.”


“But he missed, didn’t he?”


“No. But it was an old gun, and an old bullet, and only a 22. The bullet hit your rib, and stayed there. An inch higher or lower, and he would have hit your heart, but even then, the surgeon thinks it wouldn’t have had enough velocity to kill you. You would have bled a lot, and got tamponade, but the EMT’s got there so fast you’d have been all right. As it is, you’ll hardly have a scar. It was a slow day, and there was a plastic surgeon doing a consult in the ER. He went with them when they took out the bullet. He said you had fabulous skin, and he closed you up. It was a little tiny hole anyway. They said you could come home tonight. And if I hadn’t been so scared to lose you I’d kill you myself. ‘I’ll take the Bullet, do your worst?’ What the fuck were you thinking?”


“I can’t believe he shot me! I’m so going to kick his sorry ass! He wanted me to fuck him. I wasn’t going to fuck him. I don’t fuck anybody but you. I love fucking you. Your ass is beautiful and so tight, and you taste so good. Fuck.” Justin giggled. “I’m getting hard again… I didn’t think it was a real gun. I thought it was one of those funny lighters… And Ethan? Shooting someone? He is too chicken shit! The noise alone would make him shit himself…” Justin giggled again. He’d said shit twice. Was he high?


“Well he did shoot, didn’t he. And I already kicked his sorry ass. I thought he missed too, because you didn’t bleed at first and you looked surprised and pissed, but completely fine. Then next thing I know, you’re butt-naked and pulling me off him, and there’s blood on your chest, and you’re incoherent…”


“Incoherent? I wanted a kiss!” He wouldn’t mind one right now…


“You were just making sounds, and your skin was clammy and I thought… I just had to kiss you.”


Silly Brian. He’d thought Justin was dying… "Did I get blood on my clothes?”


“Not a drop.”


Justin leaned back on his pillow, satisfied. “Good.” He looked at Brian. “That’s why I took them off. It’s the shirt you bought me, so it’s special and my favorite Jay Kos pants.”


A man walked in.


“Mr. Taylor, I’m detective Sandoval. How are you feeling?”


“Fine. I’m high though. Oops. I mean to say high with legal drugs prescribed by this hospital, sir. Not, you know, high as in illegal drugs. I hardly ever use illegal drugs, sir. Please don’t arrest me.”


The cop chuckled. “A lot better than your would be murdered, that’s for sure. Your partner here did quite a job on the shooter. Dislocated shoulder, dislocated elbow, broken radius and ulna, torn ligaments, broken nose, broken jaw, and skull fracture. He’s going into surgery right now. He said to tell you he was sorry, that he didn’t know the gun was loaded. There might be some truth to that, the magazine was empty, but evidently there was a bullet in the chamber. He also said to tell you he burned the paintings, whatever that means.”


The paintings were gone. Justin bit his lip and buried his feelings about that until later.


“Will he go to jail if I don’t file a complaint?”


“Why wouldn’t you? And yes. Attempted murder is a felony, as is carrying a concealed weapon.”


“He shouldn’t go to jail. He is obviously having some kind of nervous breakdown. He is a violinist, not a murderer.”


“He tried to kill you, Mr. Taylor.”


“My point exactly. He needs serious psychological help, not jail time…”


“It’s up to the prosecutor and to his attorney. Let them figure it out. If the both of you can come to the precinct tomorrow for your depositions, I’ll leave you alone now.”


“Can it be late in the day?” Fuck. He had really wanted to paint. Already today was shot. Oh, ha, ha. He’d made a funny. Shit, they must have given him some painkillers, because he really was a bit loopy.


“Sure. Though you were shot, young man, you might want to take it easy for a few days…” He left. He reminded Justin of Carl, a benevolent father figure.


“Justin, we got…” Brian started. But Justin needed to know.


“Why didn’t you answer your phone?”


“It was on vibrate and had fallen out of my pocket in Jason’s car. Justin, that son of a bitch is a lying piece of shit.” Brian took his hand. “Your paintings are safe, we got them back. It was when I wanted to call you to tell you so, that I realized I had dropped my phone and had missed all your calls.” Justin could read the truth in his eyes. His paintings were safe.


He wasn’t sure how it happened, but he was in Brian’s arms hugging him, and being hugged tight, laughing and crying all at the same time. “He didn’t burn them, you’re sure?”


“No. He didn’t, Sunshine. They’re fine.” Oh god, they were safe, Brian had them, and they were all right… And Brian was holding him and caressing his hair and it felt so good to be loved like that.

 

 

He closed his eyes and enjoyed both the knowledge he was going to get to show his paintings to Brian, and the caresses. Finally, he took a deep breath. “How did you get them back?”


“I got a look at the security tapes from the day they were stolen, and got the license plate of the van. From what the art teacher had said, Jason and I tracked down the people who had removed the paintings from your storage cabinet. They were just honest guys who thought the job was legit. They told me where they had dropped them off, and since it was in gangland, I recruited LaShaun to find out if anyone had seen where the van they were in went after that. It had been noticed and followed by a Chinese gang, the Green Dragons, and it was in a different gang’s area, the Bronx’s Bloods. It was inside a garage. Probably the fiddler’s grandparents’. Jason and I stole it back, with LaShaun’s help. It’s in Jessica’s parking garage now.”

 

 

“You and Jason and LaShaun were doing all this sleuthing and you didn’t tell me any of it?” Bastards. They’d had all the fun.


“I didn’t want to raise your hopes, Justin. It really was amazing luck that we were able to find that van, and bring the paintings back safely. You were not talking about the theft, so I didn’t want to bring it up. I wanted you to deal with it as you saw fit. And this afternoon, I wasn’t sure it was going to amount to anything. You were in class. I try not to call you in class. I figured you’d call if anything came up with the ransom.


“I was calling you to tell you not to worry anymore when I saw all your calls. I’m sorry. I probably should have told you what I was up to all along. Had I gotten your first phone call, I would have told you not to go meet that idiot to pay the money …”


“Well, actually….”


“What?”


“He already had the money when he called. He’d been watching me at work from across the street with binoculars and saw me put the briefcase in my bottom desk drawer before leaving for Pratt. He came in and told Julie he was a friend from Pratt and that I’d found his briefcase and had told him where it was, and she took it out of the drawer and gave it to him… He left with it. I’m sorry. That was so stupid of me.”


“He had the money and still wanted to meet with you?”


“He said the whole thing was a ploy to get to see me. He thought you were keeping us apart, that he could convince me to come back to him. He’s lost his mind. Part of him knew he was fantasizing, because next, he said it was revenge. I’d taken his art, he had taken mine.”


“How did you take his art?”


“He thought of me as his muse. And then, all of a sudden it was about sex, about him not finding a new lover, and wanting me back for that, and if he couldn’t convince me and have me back, no one should, especially you. He really is not in his right mind… The entire time we were together, he cheated on me. That’s how satisfied he was with our sex life… Anyway, that’s when he shot me. Nuts!”


Brian looked at him with a grin. “Well, you are an amazing fuck…”


Justin grinned back, realizing Brian was trying to lighten the mood. “That good, huh?” His cock was hard again.


“I certainly think so…” Brian was caressing his face, his eyes full of love, not lust. It made Justin feel so good. Though a hand job would have been nice as well. It had been fun the other night. He loved sex with Brian. Shit. Did Brian feel the same?


He asked, curious, “If there was anything you could change about our sex life, what would it be?”


He expected Brian to answer that he wanted to fuck raw, or that he wanted to fuck even more. Those would have been his answers… But Brian said, without any hesitation, ”I’d want you to top more.”


“Really?” Justin was completely surprised. At first, Brian had asked for it a lot, and they had almost been equally topping and bottoming, but then he had stopped asking, and Justin had thought the novelty had worn thin, and Brian was back to what he liked. When he fucked Brian, he always felt Brian was indulging him… “But you used to ask for it a lot, and then you stopped asking…”


Watching Brian’s face, he thought maybe Brian had hoped at some point he wouldn’t have to ask anymore, that Justin would get that he really loved it and wanted it a lot. And maybe, when Justin had not gotten it, he had thought Justin just wasn’t that keen on it. But how could he have thought that, when Justin had been a top, exclusively, for years?


Oh, God. Maybe he’d thought Justin wasn’t that keen on it with him. Maybe he thought Justin had liked it with other men better. Oh, fuck. Maybe Brian thought Justin had liked it with Brandon better. No. He was imagining things. It was the drugs talking. Brian was not insecure about sex, any aspect of it. But if he wanted Justin to top more, God, Justin would be thrilled to indulge him.


“I love fucking you, Brian. And I love you fucking me. I certainly don’t want any less of that. I guess it means we are just going to have to fuck a little more…”


“Yes. I think that’s the only solution…” said Brian with a grin.


“I want to go home, I’m so fucking horny. I want to go home and make love, right now.”


“We have to wait for the doc’s OK, and then I promised Jason we’d drop by his mom’s. He was at McDonald's. He got me there in a hurry, and he’s the one who called 911. The EMT’s said it was a flesh wound, that you were in shock but that you’d probably be out tonight.”


As if the surgeon had been waiting behind the door for his cue, he entered without knocking.


“Feeling all right?”


“Fine, but horny as all get out, though. Did you slip some Viagra in my meds by mistake? I also feel a little loopy.”


The surgeon rolled his eyes. ”You’re good to go. There is a transparent second skin over the wound. Leave it alone. I will come off by itself. Don’t eat too much tonight. You might barf.” He turned to leave.


“Doctor?”


The surgeon turned back, a put out look on his face.


“Thank you.”


The surgeon stretched his lips in a completely phony smile and left.


“Lovely bedside manner,” Justin commented.


“That’s why he’s a surgeon. He likes his patients unconscious…” said Brian.


A nurse’s aid came in with a wheelchair. “Use that when you are ready, please.”


“Thanks.”


Justin got dressed, once again feeling great satisfaction that his clothes were spotless. He was not feeling even a twinge from his wound but figured it was probably because the local anesthetic had not worn off. Brian wrapped his arms around him from behind and kissed his neck. Justin turned into his hold and put his arms around him as well, looking up at him.


“I’m going to spank your ass for keeping secrets from me,” he said to Brian.


“I’m going to spank yours for putting $100,000.00 in a drawer that doesn’t even lock, and telling an asshole with a gun to shoot you already…”


“This is going to be fun.”


What they were saying did not matter in the least. What mattered was their bodies, close to each other, their embrace, and the look between them. Brian leaned down and kissed Justin lightly once, twice, and then kissed him again, slipping his tongue inside, claiming his mouth, one hand coming to his neck, the other to his lower back, and Justin understood what he needed, and yielded, all softness and suppleness, molding his body to Brian’s in sweet surrender.


“Justin…Justin…”


“I’m all right, Brian. I’m fine. I’m strong, and I’m lucky, and I’ll never do that again, I swear.”


“I couldn’t… Justin… I can’t…”


Justin got scared suddenly. “Don’t you dare retreat from me, Brian. Don’t you dare build walls between us to protect yourself.” He held Brian’s face in the palm of his hand, wanting so much to convince him. “I love you. I love you.”


“Oh, Justin,” Brian smiled and kissed him lightly again. “I couldn’t if I tried. I wouldn’t know how anymore. I love you. I just want you safe. I am fighting a part of me that wants to keep you locked in the loft, away from every risk. Will you forgive me being overprotective for a couple of days?”


Justin laughed. “You have until Sunday. Then I’ll tell you off.”


Brian chuckled. “Get your ass in that wheelchair, Justin. The sooner we go to Jessica’s, the sooner we get home.”

 

*****



“Madame and Mr. Jason are in the yellow salon, gentlemen. Please follow me.”


As they approached, they could hear someone playing the piano softly. They entered the ‘Yellow salon’, a nice room with comfy chairs. Jessica was playing Scrabble with LaShaun, and Jason was the one on the piano, a Steinway upright, placed between two windows over the park.


Jessica was on her feet and hugging Justin before he walked two steps into the room. “Justin, I am so glad you are well. Thank you for not dying, I look terrible in black.”


“I’ll try to remember that,” said Justin laughing.


He was surprised that as soon as Jessica had let him go, LaShaun was hugging him as well, sniffling. “You stupid kid, telling some nigger with a gun to shoot you! My Daddy’s dead, my brother’s dead, my best friend’s dead, all from a bullet. Don’t you ever do that again, Justin. Don’t you get dead on me. Who’s going to believe in me if you gone?”


Justin was glad he was not high anymore, because he might have cried too. “The other people in this room for one. But don’t worry. I won’t ever do that again. And don’t you get shot either. That would really piss me off. And thanks for getting my paintings back.”


LaShaun backed off, unashamed to wipe his eyes, and grinning. “You don’t have to thank me for that…” He cracked up. “It was fucking great, working with Starsky and Hutch over here. Let me tell you. It’s a good thing they have day jobs. Criminals they ain’t. I almost peed myself watching them. But they got the job done. Now man, I want to see them paintings. They’ve been over there in the ballroom all evening, and they wouldn’t look at them until you got home. The only one I saw was Jessica’s portrait ‘cause she showed me, and it’s really cool, but she said that’s not your usual style. So come on. Let’s see them.”


Jason had stopped playing the piano, and smiled at Justin. “Yes, Justin, let’s see them.”


Justin couldn’t help but turn to Brian excitedly. “Oh, Brian, come see them. I’m so glad they’re not gone. I think you’re going to like them…”


Once again, he felt like a kid on Christmas morning, unable to contain his glee. They got to the ballroom, which seemed to have been freshly painted white. There were three unadorned walls.


“Come on, you guys, there’s room for all of them, help me set them up against the walls.”


They worked in pairs and soon they were all twelve of them on display. It was amazing, though obviously the lighting wasn’t perfect. Justin still loved it. And as soon as the others started looking at them, he wanted to crawl under a rock.


“I…uh…I’ll be right back.” He left the room. It was so weird. He always felt so self-conscious and embarrassed when showing his work, yet he couldn’t wait to do so. This apartment was amazing. He was pretty sure the painting in the entryway was a Watteau, and along the corridor, there was a Sorollas, a Germain and good god, a Manet. In the corridor! He figured he’d better go back before he was really too embarrassed by the company his paintings were keeping to return at all.


LaShaun was staring at New Years Eve, an unreadable look on his face. Justin joined him. LaShaun said, “I feel it, Justin. I feel it inside. It’s friends, and love, and sex, and dancing, and fun, and joy, and belonging… It’s like I remember it, the best night ever… And I wasn’t there. And the blue one over there? It’s like a good night's sleep somewhere safe. So restful, and comfortable. I want to feel that someday. But they don’t show anything. They’re pretty colors and shapes, but it’s nothing. They just talk to your heart through your eyes. They make me feel things I didn’t know you could feel.” He turned to Justin. “I want out of the life, man. All I know is fear, and hate, and… I want to feel some of this for real before I die.” He was gesturing to the paintings. “I want a different life, a real life.” He pointed to Summertime. “I didn’t even know you could feel that way, that… happy. That’s your life with him, isn’t it?”


“Yes. That’s my life with Brian. I’m the happiest I’ve ever been.”


“You wanna know something sad? For me, that’s tonight. These two assholes over there ran off to save you, and said ‘Go to the 26th floor and tell Jessica you’re a friend of Justin, and let her know what’s happening.’ I was like, fuck no! I show up anywhere in this building and I’ll get arrested. I’m about to leave and my phone rings, and it’s Jason. He says, ‘Where are you man? My mom said you’re not there yet. Don’t make a lady wait. And be nice. Take off your do-rag and pull up your pants. She kills people for fun’.”


LaShaun smiled. “I knew he was just shitting me, but now, I have to go, right? I go up, and here she is at the elevator, waiting for me, this really beautiful old white lady, and she is so nice. The place looks like a fancy hotel except better, and we go and sit, and they bring real food, you know, burgers, and she sits on the floor and eats at the coffee table, with her fingers like a normal person, and I never talked so much in my life. I tell her shit I’ve never told anybody. And she tells me stuff, like a friend. Then I tell her about getting the paintings back with those two, and I swear, she just about peed herself too. And she said she’ll tutor me for my GED, that Brian hasn’t got the time really, and then for my SATs. Can you believe her? I get to come here, and study.” He shook his head in disbelief.


“Then Jason comes, and tells what happened, and I’m freaking out, ‘cause where I come from, shot means dead, and so she hugs me, then teaches me this cool game where I can use a lot of those words I’ve memorized but can’t place in conversations with my peers, if you know what I mean. And Jason asks what music I like, and hey, he white, so I don’t have to be embarrassed, I say Michael Franks, and he just start playing Tell me all about it. And then you’re there, and not dead, and this.”


He waved at the paintings again. “For me, that’s the best evening ever. I mean I’ve been with girls and shit, and it’s all good, but… it’s gonna sound stupid: you all white and rich and educated, but I feel like I belong, and I don’t have to prove nothing, and I can relax. That’s a first, man.”


Jessica came over, and put her arm around LaShaun’s waist. “LaShaun, dear, come tell me which is your favorite, and why?” LaShaun put his arm around her shoulders, like it was the most natural thing in the world, and pointed to a painting Justin had done a few months before, thinking about Daphne and their friendship.


Jason was walking around, checking the names of the paintings, and no doubt pricing them about ten times what Justin thought they were worth. Brian was looking at The Rainforest, whose real name was Besheert. Justin joined him, and Brian just turned, took him in his arms and kissed him, a deep, wonderful loving kiss. He whispered in Justin’s ear, “I am going to give you everything you want, Justin.”


Justin smiled. When he had painted this he had hoped someday to be enough for Brian, that Brian would stop tricking, so they could go without condoms with each other, and they were on their way there. Next week, they could go get blood tests, and then…


“We can go get tested next Friday morning, after I come back from Vail, if you can drag yourself out of bed…and celebrate Friday night, what do you say?” asked Brian, still whispering in his ear.


Justin kissed him, putting his answer in it, and Brian smiled. They walked to Summertime, where Jason was standing.


“What’s the name of this one?” he asked.


“What would you call it?” asked Justin.


“Now, you know very well this is a very personal question you are asking. But I can tell you, because my answer is so conventional it’s a cliché. Yet, it’s absolutely true. I’d call it Wedding Day. My wedding day was the happiest day of my life, the day I married the most beautiful girl, the love of my life, and my best friend, and the beginning of my married life. I am the happiest married man I know. But of course it’s going to be different for everyone.”


“The old man who stole the painting said he hoped that was what heaven would be like,” said Brian.


“So,” Jason suggested, “A Taste of Heaven?”


“No,” said Justin, smiling at Brian. “This Heaven We Are In…” Brian smiled back, and Jason rolled his eyes, but wrote it down and noted it on the back of the canvas.


“What about the blue one? I just look at it and my blood pressure goes down ten points…”


“Cool Sheets,” said Justin.


“OooooK. You’re the artist…” He wrote it down.


“What about the rain forest over there? I suppose “Rainforest” would be too simple?”


“That’s Besheert.”


“Besheert? What do you know from besheert? That’s a Jewish mysticism concept. What are you? Madonna?”


Justin cracked up. “No. That’s what my friend Lilah said Brian and I were when I was telling her about us.”


Jason nodded, took notes and noted it on the back of the canvas before moving on.


“Why were you telling Lilah about us?”


“She was talking about her and Max wanting to get married. I asked her if she didn’t feel they were too young, that maybe they shouldn’t wait a little. They’re both my age, you know.” Justin wondered why Brian suddenly looked...upset. He really didn’t know Lilah that well. Surely he wouldn’t care if she married too young?


“What did she say?” Brian asked.


“She asked me if I could ever imagine meeting a guy, somewhere, and leaving you. I laughed and told her no. That you and I were two halves of a whole, made for each other. That you were part of me, that I couldn’t imagine life without you. She said that we were besheert. Predestined. Soul mates. That it was exactly what it was like for her and Max. So I told her that if she and Max felt about each other the way I feel about you, then they should definitely go for it and get married, because waiting a million years would not make a difference.”


Brian and he had been facing each other as they talked, and now Brian smiled at him, combing his hair back with both his hands, and said, “My besheert.” He could have been teasing Justin for all his romantic declaration, but Justin didn’t think so. His smile was so genuine and happy. Then Brian grabbed him in his arms and twirled him around, laughing, holding him tight. It was so unexpected and out of character. Brian put him back down, and whispered in his ear, “Let’s go home, my besheert.”


It was late, close to eleven, and Justin was feeling the strain of the day. Jessica’s chauffeur took them home, and it was such a relief to be back at the loft. Justin listened in complete disbelief when Brian left a message for Cynthia that he would not come to work until one-thirty, and for Sam, saying that Justin had been shot, needed a day of rest and would not be back at work until Thursday.


As if he had not done the most extraordinary thing, Brian went on with his nighttime routine, and asked Justin if he was hungry, which he was not in the least. They brushed, flossed, peed, and went to bed. Brian kissed him, blending their minty breaths, and asked, “Is your chest very sore?”


Amazingly, it wasn’t, not much. His rib seemed a little sensitive if he took a deep breath, but otherwise, the flesh wound was just very slightly tender. Brian asked, seriously, “Are you too sore or too tired to make love?” And just like that, every ounce of weariness just left Justin, and he was hard and craving that closeness with Brian. He took Brian’s hand and brought it to his cock as an answer, and Brian’s smile was full of love. He kissed Justin again, and Justin wanted him, wanted to make love to him tonight.


Brian whispered “Fuck me, Justin, fuck me please…”


Justin smiled, and answered, “Oh, yeah…” It felt like it had been a really long time, and he wanted in Brian’s ass so much. He turned Brian on his belly, and just looked at his back and ass and thighs for a while, caressing them lightly. Brian was so beautiful. He spread Brian’s legs, and put some lube on his finger, massaging his anus, admiring the neat, symmetrical folds, pressing in a knuckle, and enjoying the reflexive tightening. Brian’s ass reacted like a virgin’s. He added lube, and slipped in a finger, loving the tight heat. He fucked Brian with that finger for a while, massaging his entrance, very lightly caressing his prostate, enjoying the sight of the white skin of his hand against the dark pigmentation around Brian’s hole. It was beautiful, his tight anus looking as if it was sucking his finger in.


He added more lube, and pushed in two fingers, and up they went slickly and smoothly, into Brian’s ass. Fucking him with two was just as sweet as fucking him with one, but Brian liked it better, letting out a beautiful sigh when Justin passed over his prostate. God, now Justin just wanted to bury his cock in that tight, tight hole…


He took a breath to slow himself down, added more lube, and pushed three fingers in, and concentrated on stretching Brian, kissing the smooth skin of his ass, caressing that beautiful back, suddenly wishing he had fucked him with his tongue first. He loved the squelching noise his fingers made going in, Brian’s panting, the sight of them disappearing into his hole, the warm smoothness of his insides.


“Brian, I love your ass. It’s beautiful, your cheeks are small, tight, perfect. My fingers are just sliding right in your hole now, you’re ready, but I love finger fucking you, watching them disappear inside you. It is so erotic. My cock is leaking though. I can’t wait to put it in. Fuck, Brian, I’m so hard for you. I so love fucking you… Here I come.”


He pulled out his fingers, and guided in his condom-covered cock. Even after three fingers, the head of his hard cock was a stretch for Brian's sphincters. He passed the first one, and the second one held him until he applied some pressure to get through. “Aaaah, fuck, Brian, it’s so good, every time I almost come just popping in.” He slowly pushed into Brian's wonderful soft tight heat all the way and stopped, running his hand over Brian’s flanks and ass, massaging his lower back. Brian was in his favored position when Justin fucked him like this, both his arms wrapped under the pillow, and his forehead resting on it. His rectum and sphincters had relaxed now. “Are you good, Brian, are you ready?”


“Your dick feels so fucking good coming in. I’m ready now, fuck me, Justin, fuck me.”


Justin backed out, and pushed back in, nice and slow, enjoying the smooth tight warmth. He did it again, two or three times, getting his bearings, and then he moved. It always seemed he forgot in between times how good it could feel. Brian’s ass was exquisitely tight, his rectum nice and straight. Justin liked to back out just enough to engage the inner sphincter with the head of his cock, and then slam in again all the way. On the way out, he tilted his hips a little, and the rim of his glans caught and milked Brian’s prostate, a firm, incredibly pleasurable caress. He knew that his control over his motions and that mushroom head of his made him an exceptional top, and now there was only one man to appreciate his talent, and he was going to make sure Brian loved it.


He closed his eyes, and enjoyed the sensations. His pleasure was mounting with each penetration, and he knew he wasn’t going to last long. It felt so fucking good, and it was Brian’s ass, and just knowing that was such a turn on. Then Brian started moving with him, arching up when he pushed in, and he knew he only had a half a dozen pushes in him before he lost it. Brian was panting, and moaning with each of his retreats, getting louder and louder. Justin reached for the back of Brian’s neck, and caressed it, scratching his nape lightly, and Brian loved it, “Fuck, Justin… fuck yes, now, now…” He shivered and his whole body contracted with his orgasm. Knowing Brian was coming and feeling the rhythmic pulsating around his cock finished him off, Justin’s orgasm rushed through him like hot lava, filling the condom, feeling so good he wasn’t sure he didn’t want to die right then, in complete bliss.


He lay on top of Brian, catching his breath, kissing his shoulder blades, waiting for Brian’s reassertion of dominance that always came after Justin fucked him. He pulled out carefully, and removed the condom, tying it and throwing it in the bin. Brian rolled him over and lay on top of him, kissing him hard. Justin loved it. He loved to fuck Brian, but he loved his possessive domineering lover. He yielded to the kiss, opening himself to Brian and his demanding tongue, purring in contentment. Soon the kiss changed to a loving caressing one. Brian looked at him, and said, “I love you so fucking much.”


Justin smiled at him. He was exhausted suddenly, and must have looked it, because Brian caressed his face and pulled the duvet over him. He got up and Justin fell asleep in the few minutes it took Brian to clean up. He only partially woke up to snuggle back into Brian’s embrace when he came back into bed, and smiled to himself when Brian’s possessive hand wrapped loosely around his wrist.


To be continued...

 

Chapter 34 - Far from home.. by Conzieu

 

 

 

 

Far from home.



It was 4:50 AM. Brian had woken with a full bladder, and had gently extricated himself from his hold on Justin to go relieve himself. Justin had settled flat on his back, and was deeply asleep, his angel face fully relaxed, his lips slightly parted. Brian lay down on his side next to him, his head supported by his hand. He slid the dark grey sheet that covered Justin off, and drank his fill of the sight of him.


One of Justin’s hands rested on his flat stomach above his navel, the other was relaxed by his side. His penis was nestled in the soft dark blond pubic hair. His skin was flawless. Brian’s eyes automatically went to the spot where the bullet had gone in, below his left nipple. There was no trace of it whatsoever. The plastic surgeon had done a perfect job.


As it did every time he thought back to that day, that moment when the gun had gone off, a shiver ran down his back and his heart accelerated. He was conscious of the fact that had Justin not pulled him off that piece of garbage, he would have kept on banging his head on the ground until it split like a melon. He had wanted to kill him, and had proceeded to do so. He felt no regret for his actions whatsoever, and would happily do it again, to completion this time, given the chance.


Ethan Gold had hurt Justin, mentally, by stealing the creations of his heart and soul, and physically, by attempting to kill him. Brian did not doubt for one moment that Ethan had known there was a bullet in the gun’s chamber and that he had emptied the cartridge in preparation for his defense. The shooting had been coldly premeditated. If he needed any further proof than his gut feeling, the fact that Ethan had said, and was maintaining, that he burned the paintings was it. By saying so he insured that they would not be looked for, and that he would cause Justin as much pain as possible since he had failed to kill him.


Sandoval was now fully cognizant of the paintings theft, and of the subsequent caper to recover them. He had also laughed his ass off as Brian recounted the adventure, and just like LaShaun, had told him to keep his day job. Brian smiled to himself. He didn’t mind providing amusement to criminals and law enforcement alike. He had found the paintings and retrieved them, and was quite satisfied with that.


Sandoval shared Brian’s belief in Ethan’s intentions. He had interviewed him multiple times in the hospital, and was convinced the violinist was a pathological liar, and had psychopathic tendencies. He had taken a strong dislike to him, which made Brian very happy. Of course, the man had also immediately liked Justin. He had talked him into taking a self-defense refresher course offered at the police academy. Brian was very happy about that as well.


He was leaving for Vail today. He had tried hard to curb his protective feelings for Justin, and intellectually thought going away for a couple of days was a very good thing. His emotional self had other ideas, though. It wanted Justin locked in the loft with Sandoval guarding the door the whole time he was gone… He grinned to himself.


All the plans were laid in for Friday evening. It should all go smoothly. Jessica was a great actress and Brian had no doubt she could pull off her part. His heart was dancing at the thought, though there was a small amount of anxiety as well. What if he said no? Brian had planned for that contingency, but still. It would kill him… He would say yes. Of course he would. They loved each other so fucking much it was downright sickening.


Brian had even made up his missed dance lesson over the weekend, in between working like a dog. Cynthia had rescheduled his Thursday morning in full to Saturday, and had also filled up the rest of that day, though on Thursday night he had stayed at the office until 10:00 PM. Friday, he had been at the office, bright eyed and bushy tailed, at 6:00 AM, and had once again stayed till 10:00. Justin was painting, anyway. They had met at Essengy at 10:30 and had had a great time. Brian loved to watch Sunshine dance, and guys come onto him, then come over, and Justin would crush their plans. It was so juvenile. Justin just laughed at him, but loved Brian’s absurd possessive streak, really.


Last night again he had stayed at work till ten. He thought maybe Cynthia had finally forgiven him. It didn’t hurt that he had translated his dance lesson into a contract with the “All that Jazz†chain, and gotten three more to boot. This huge apparel company called “Togsâ€, from LA of all places, had left their old advertising agency to join Plexus because of the Tuscan affair.


The creator of the company, a militantly gay man, had said he wanted an agency that would risk its reputation to take down a prick like Tuscan. Togs also had a record label, an exotic travel organization, an airline, a makeup and beauty products line, a shoe subdivision, a home decorating branch, and a foundation to bring computers to the classrooms in disadvantaged neighborhoods. As Mark so eloquently liked to put it, “Kerching, kerching!†It was a one and a half million dollar contract.


It was 5:15, time to wake up his sleeping beauty. He caressed and kissed all that luxurious expanse of perfect skin, and Justin was smiling, his eyes still closed. His penis slowly unfolded and straightened, until it was hard enough to stand away from his body. Hmm. Did that mean Justin wanted to fuck? Brian rolled him over and pulled his ass up, getting him on his knees, though his upper torso was still on the bed, and Justin resettled on the pillow as if to continue his night. Brian smiled.


He spread Justin’s cheeks slightly, and just the sight of the pink folds made his already hard cock start dripping precome. The thought that precome was a lubricant, and that Friday night, he could fuck Justin on saliva and precome alone, with no condom, almost made him come. He started licking and teasing Justin’s anus with his tongue, and Justin let out a nice satisfied sigh. Needing no further encouragement, Brian started to make love to that small entrance with his mouth, kissing, probing, fucking, sucking, licking. The noises Justin was making were so fucking arousing, he had to fuck him now. Sheathing himself with a condom, and quickly lubing it, he placed himself at Justin’s entrance and played, pushing in to open the way, and backing out letting Justin’s outer sphincter close back up. The feeling on the head of his cock was… indescribable.


He did it one more time and laughed, as Justin, taking him by surprise, backed up onto his dick suddenly, impaling himself, sighing with satisfaction. Brian got the message, and started fucking him, fast and deep. He reached around his body, putting most of his weight on one arm, and started jerking Justin off, in counter point to his fucking.


It was nothing special, just a morning fuck in a classic position, yet it felt like heaven on earth, the pleasure intense and mind altering. Fucking Justin was always new, always fresh, always different, and so many times Brian had thought ‘this is the best fuck of my life’ he didn’t bother anymore, just accepting the fact that sex between them was extraordinary.


As Justin neared orgasm he started making the wonderful pleasure noises that always drove Brian crazy with lust. He wanted to come, right now. The motion of his hips accelerated, and automatically his hand on Justin’s dick as well, and they both were hit by their orgasms at the same time, moaning in concert, Justin’s ejaculate spurting, hot and plentiful through his fingers, as his filled the condom deep in Justin.


They lay side-by-side for a while, Justin’s head on Brian’s shoulder, Brian’s arm around him. Brian chuckled. “Two nights, and we’re acting as if I was going to Antarctica for a year.â€


Justin chuckled as well. “Promise me to dress warmly, say hello to the penguins for me and write everyday, and I’ll tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree.â€


Brian rolled on top of him, his body entirely covering Justin, his weight on his elbows. “It’s ridiculous that I feel compelled to say this, and I can hear my old self gagging in disgust as all the lesbians and other couples I’ve made fun off through the years are laughing their head off, but Justin, I’m going to miss you. “


Justin reached up and captured his lips in a kiss. “I won’t miss you at all. I’ll miss your cock though. Can you leave it behind? I’ll take really good care of it. I’ll pet it, and kiss it, and I have a nice dark warm place for it to sleep in…â€


Brian bit his lower lip, before kissing the hell out of him. Justin caressed his face, smiling, and admitted, “I’m going to miss you too…â€


“But not if I don’t leave.†He stood up. “I have a plane to catch.â€


LaShaun greeted them with a big smile when they picked up their orders. He was at Jessica’s every afternoon, and she said she could not believe anyone could learn so fast. She confided to Justin that she believed LaShaun’s IQ to be in the 130’s minimum. If he was serious about getting out, and she felt he was, he would have a brilliant future.


They drank their coffees, and spent the rest of the ride to Plexus making out like teenagers. At the front door, after one last kiss, Justin hopped out and went up the stairs. At the door, he looked over his shoulder with a grin, knowing full well Brian had been watching his ass. Brian grinned back, and Justin went in.


Brian took a deep breath and decided to start acting like an adult, and not a lovesick teenage girl. He concentrated on Vail, and the problems he was encountering with the account. A lot of the original promotional decisions had been made, in house, by non-qualified people with big ideas, before someone had had the business sense to hire him. These people were emotionally attached to their ideas, resenting his presence and not open to hearing any criticism, taking everything very personally. Brian did not deal well with stupidity, so the situation was a powder keg.


They had a logo drawn on a cocktail napkin by the boyfriend of one the principles whose only qualification was that he could put on eyeliner. Why they would think it even stood a chance against one drawn by Sam, one of the best in the business with twenty years experience, was beyond him. Yet, he’d been told several times not to bother presenting them with anything, because his was perfect. Sometimes, non-professionals did hit it right. Not this time… His snowman looked like the unnatural child of Chucky the murderous doll and the Michelin man.


They had this horrible concept of a discount pre-season that would completely remove the excitement of opening the new resort and give it a second class feel and reputation, and everything they had written so far had an awful campy feel to it, as if they were advertizing the Beaver Creek YMCA, and not one of its most beautiful, most prized location resorts…


He had an uphill battle ahead of him. In a way, the challenge made it all very exciting. The four and a half hour flight went quickly, as he worked on his presentation, examined each sentence he planned to utter so that it could not be misconstrued as mocking or devaluing, a sure way of raising everyone’s hackles. He landed in the small Eagle County Regional Airport. The day was very bright and sunny, the countryside showing the result of the lighter snowfall that year, almost 100 inches short of the normal average since September. Huge snow machines insured the slopes were all perfectly skiable, but the area was not quite postcard perfect. He travelled to the small town of Beaver Creek, ten miles west of Vail, by Mercedes four-wheel drive, though the road was new, wide and dry and could have been driven in his Corvette. There was no arguing the fact that the place was breathtaking, even in its slightly de-snowed state. The resort itself was close to the center of the valley, and yet felt wonderfully private, with a huge stone and pine entrance, and a very long driveway. The craftsman style buildings were nestled in the natural curves and crevasses of the terrain, giving it an air of having been there since the twenties.


He was welcomed by a small committee: Nelson Perry and his ‘artistic ‘ boyfriend Philip ‘Everybody calls me Pip’ Miller to whom they owed the hideous logo, Margene and Kate Armstrong, who both reminded him of Mel, and Rick Packman, the manager of the resort. They all seemed friendly and relaxed, and rightfully proud of what they had built. It had taken five years to raise the necessary funds, and two years to build, and both Kate and Nelson had sunk their entire assets in the enterprise, taking a huge personal risk, but showing investors they truly believed in the project.


They were as excited as kids giving him a tour. No effort or money had been spared to make this a first class resort. It truly was impressive. He got assigned a suite with a wide, very private balcony with an awesome view of the mountain. The furniture was made of raw pine, rustic but modern and comfortable, the bed gigantic, a large fireplace that was open on both the bedroom and the sitting room, a bathroom with a hot tub where an entire wall could be open to the balcony, and a private sauna. The room was equipped with high speed WIFI, the sitting room had a 50†flat screen TV, and the towels and sheets were the kind Brian would have chosen for the loft.


There was no extra fee for breakfast in the room, and you could call ahead and have your cleaned and waxed skis and your dried and warmed shoes and gloves ready for you when you went downstairs. There were two pools: an Olympic size one which continued outside and had a disappearing edge, for singles and couples, and another pool, even larger, with a river, a circular slide, a waterfall and other children’s games for families. Swimming lessons were available for children. There was a large ice skating rink outdoors, which also offered lessons, and a constant shuttle service to the center of Bear Creek.

 

 

There was a large space for a kid’s camp, to allow parents time to enjoy a bit of adult vacation. There was a bar reserved for singles, a romantic restaurant with only tables for two, and a family dining area. Finally there was a small dance club with a sitting room at the back that would have required an uncomfortable explanation had Brian not been gay himself. It was obviously reserved for adults with two official ladies’ nights. “During which tea is served in the back room,†joked Margene.


Honestly, Brian would have loved to come here with the Pittsburgh crowd. There was something for everyone, and plenty of meeting ground for mixed groups. He had seen plenty of pictures before, Phil and Spaz having been there almost a month ago to get stills and footage for brochures and commercials but they did not do the place credit. Spaz had decided he’d happily suck cock to get to spend time there, though Brian had his doubts on that one, even if it truly was awesome.


They had a light lunch, which was funny, because none of the cooking staff had arrived yet, and they had to do with good but simple sandwiches made by the future Kid’s Camp animator who had worked as a short order cook once upon a time. They were in the family dining room, and joined by a bunch of other people, from the inside landscaper, to the decorators, to the cleaning staff. The atmosphere was very convivial. Brian could see how their first attempt at advertising could lean to the campy. They were all having a wonderful time.


He sat next to Rick Packman, who turned out to be the one who had suggested they hire professionals for the promotion of the resort. He was pleasant, smart and remarkably good looking, tall, greenish blue eyes that called for attention between thick dark lashes, glossy dark brown shoulder length hair held in a ponytail and a charming smile. It was obvious from their talk that he was aware of the hurdles Brian was facing, but said that after meeting him he had no doubt he could overcome the general reticence.


At 2:00PM, Brian started his presentation. He had made a couple of last minute changes, but otherwise gave it as he had planned it and rehearsed it a hundred times, adopting the relaxed, friendly attitude of the others. He did not broach the thorny topic of the logo yet, just gave an honest and quite convincing spiel on the gross mistake of a discounted pre-season, acting as if he was giving these intelligent savvy people information they had not had when they had made that decision, instead of stressing their error in judgment.


“The main question is, will you be able to treat the discounted vacationers as you would full paying ones? No, you will not. The portions will be smaller, the services curtailed, not all activities available. They will go home and say: “It was fantastic for the price we paid, but certainly not worth a penny more. Thank god we got to experience it at a discount. We would have been very disappointed if we had paid full price.†They will tell their friends, “Wait until the next discount, it’s not worth it otherwise.†On the other hand, if you do treat them as full paying customers, you will lose about $150,000.00 per month. And they will still go home and tell their friends to wait for the next discount because it was such an unbelievable value.


“You will be much better off opening at full price, filling only to one third capacity, and spoiling the customers. They will go home and tell their friends it was pricey, but absolutely worth it. You will neither lose nor make money, but you will work out the kinks and will be able, come September, to start the season with a bang, and if you and I both do our job right, fully booked for the 06/07 Season.â€


He could tell a lot of them had not thought about all the ramifications and he seemed to have them convinced them. What a relief…


“You have shown us your vision of what the brochures, the paper ads and the commercials should contain, but you have not talked about our logo, the image that will represent us in everyone’s eyes.†That was Kate Armstrong who had told him jokingly that she hated the damn snowman drawn by Pip.


Brian wished she had let the thing go for today. They could have kept that can of worms for the next day… But put on the spot, he took a deep breath and jumped off that cliff. Pip, Nelson and quite a few others were reflexively adopting a crossed arms position, physically indicating they were not receptive to any discussion on the subject.


“The snowman concept is a cute one. It emphasizes the family friendly aspect of the operation,†said Brian.


The logo, as drawn appeared on the screen, almost three feet in diameter showing every flaw in the drawing, including where the ink had bled into the paper. At that size, it was god-awful.


“We cleaned it up.†The image now showed the drawing without the ink bleeds, and with unconnected lines finished and even in thickness. It was , of course still god-awful.


“If we keep the original, we will be unable to use the font our research showed people responded the best to.â€


He showed the text in the modern, cool, hip font the entire presentation had been made in to get them to identify it as their font. Next to the bleeding ink snowman, it looked ridiculous.


“We tried the paper napkin background look for the whole thing.†Now an image came up of the entire front of the brochure done in uneven bleeding marker, which matched the snowman perfectly, but looked… like a slightly inebriated guy with so-so handwriting had written it. “We also tried the cleaned up version with the font.†Another image came up. The brochure looked incredibly smart, the logo as if it had been drawn by a child.


“We searched for the font that best matched the cleaned up logo.†A third image came up, the whole thing in a child’s handwriting. It actually matched, and looked ok, for a grade school newsletter.


“We felt that if this resort was going to be only family oriented, it might have worked, but thinking about the other two groups we are trying to attract, we just didn’t think it was working. So… We reworked the entire Snowman concept, since all of you seemed very attached to that idea, used the font we think is best, and matched the logo to the font.â€


On one screen was the front of the brochure, looking fabulous. The Snowman, reworked by Sam, was friendly, cheeky, and wearing skis. The Bear Creek skyline, with its snowy peaks was in the background at sunset, the sky rainbow colored. Big fluffy snowflakes were falling. On the other screen was the Logo, once again three feet in diameter, looking fantastic. It became obvious the snowflakes were the gay male/male symbols, and the lesbian female/female symbols. In his heart of hearts, Brian thought if they had not been compelled to stick with the snowman and if Justin had worked on the Logo, they could have done even better, but of course he always thought Justin could do better. He smiled. It was damned good as it was, and would make wonderful key chains, embroidery for hats and clothing, and pins for lapels.

 

 

In the next image, he showed a table service with a reduced logo, just the peaks and the rainbow sky, versus the same table service with the bleedy snowman, the next one an embroidered hat with both side by side, the last one with the full logos on the car doors of a Mercedes. Obviously, it was no contest and he felt bad for Pip. He looked in his direction, and was surprised to find him smiling, and speaking in Nelson’s ear.


Then Pip said aloud, “It is so cool the way you were able to rework my itty-biddy drawing into such a fantastic concept. You kept the sense of fun, and the original idea, and made it look amazing. Thank you, guys, I’m sure it wasn’t easy… I, for one, love it, and the set of dishes is fantastic. The rainbow! What a cool touch to add a little pride in there.â€


Nelson put his arm around Pip, and kissed his cheek. Brian felt very much like doing the same. It takes a lot to accept defeat so incredibly gracefully, and his estimate of the flamboyant man went up by about 100%. Once Pip was on board, everybody else who had been so set on his snowman logo accepted his version of the facts and jumped ship. The battle was over before it really started, and Brian was incredibly relieved.


After that there was a long Q and A session, since everyone in the resort had shown up, and they were still functioning in a very democratic mode. Brian was glad he was so well prepared, and was able to bring everyone on board for his plan for the promotion of the resort. He felt very good, having no doubt they were going to be a huge financial success. He was feeling high on life when he left to go back for a rest in his room, before hitting the town with Rick Packman.

He called Justin.


“Justin Taylor.†Brian smiled.


“Hey. How are you?â€


“Fine. I’m painting.†He could hear the smile in Justin’s voice. “How is it going?â€


“Really well. I changed their minds about the discount, and they’ve accepted Sam’s Logo.â€


“Oh, well done. That can’t have been easy.â€


“Sam’s suggestion to show the logos side by side in a non-judgmental manner and let them decide for themselves worked. The guy who’d done the drawing in the first place was the first one to speak up in favor of the new design. After that it was a piece of cake.â€


“Wow. Good on him. Sometimes it’s hard to retreat gracefully.â€


“Yes. He actually reminds me of Emmett.â€


“And though Emmett would never think so, coming from you, that is high praise indeed…â€


“It’s very nice here, Sunshine. We ought to come back next winter for a week or so.â€


“On vacation? Really? That would be so cool! We could go alone for a few days, then have the girls and Gus join us, what do you say?â€


Brian had been thinking romance, but that way they’d have a taste of both romance, and time with Gus. It sounded really good.


“Sounds great, Justin. It’s such a waste to be here without you. I have this gigantic bed, a hot tub, a shower for two, a sauna…â€


“Sounds like a very nice room.â€


“The décor would be very improved by your naked self walking around…â€


Justin laughed happily. “I’m sure you can probably picture me there if you lie naked on your bed with your eyes closed…â€


Brian chuckled. “I suspect so. Not right now though. Rick, the hotel manager, is going to show me the town… But I’ll call you back tonight…â€


“I can’t wait.â€


“How is your painting?â€


“Mysterious. I still don’t know where it’s going. It’s taking forever. But it is beautiful. I’m taking my time. I have all the paintings I need, plus one. I’m not stressing. By the way, Sandoval brought the briefcase to the loft this morning. I went with him to your bank and deposited the money back. Thank god they have those little bill counting machines. The cashier was a little freaked.†He chuckled. “I added the interest for the eight days, and I have the receipts. We can tear up the note when you get home.â€


That was so much like Justin, insisting on paying the interest on the money. But he had asked Brian for it, and that’s all that counted… Brian thought about Friday, then worked hard not to think about Friday, until Justin said, “I can’t stop thinking about Friday,†in a voice that left no doubt which part of Friday he was thinking of. Brian was instantly hard. “God, Sunshine… Me too. Fuck, now I need a cold shower before I go out.â€


“Nah, make it a warm shower and think of me… I miss you, Brian.â€


“I miss you too. Later…â€


“Later.â€


Brian did take a warm shower, and thought of Justin, and not only about the fact that on Friday night they would be doing it raw. There were a lot of wonderful things to anticipate about that night… By the time Rick came for him, he was dressed warmly and casually, and feeling quite relaxed.


They went to a bar to have a beer and play pool, and another to listen to some live music. They had a lot in common, both still in touch with longtime friends, both loving the club scene, both having made their way from humble beginnings to the top of their chosen field. Rick was excellent company. Brian felt a bit as if he was hanging out with Todd or Steve.


On the way back, he started thinking about calling Justin again. It was two hours later in New York, and Justin would be in bed and asleep, but expecting his call. It had started snowing, big fat flakes, and the weather service predicted an overdue half a foot before morning. Rick and he had made plans to go and ski before lunch. By the time they got off on the floor where most of the people at the hotel were lodged, he couldn’t wait to get naked and in bed with his phone, talking to Sunshine.


It, therefore, came as a total surprise when the second he had opened his door, Rick pushed him in with a hand grabbing his crotch and every intention of kissing him.


Brian backed away from him as if he’d been scolded. He noted, a little late, that Rick was sporting an impressive erection, and looked awfully surprised.


“What’s wrong? Did I misread you? The second I talked about going back you were hard, and you’ve been hard ever since… I thought we hit it off. What’s the problem?â€


“I’m sorry. I’ve been totally oblivious. I got hard thinking of coming back because I’m going to call my boyfriend and we're going to have phone sex. You are a super nice guy, but it didn’t even occur to me…â€


“Well now that it occurs to you, what do you say? It would be a lot more fun than phone sex…â€


Brian chuckled. “You don’t know my boyfriend. Thanks, but no thanks. We are in a monogamous relationship. I’m not interested.â€


“I hate to say that, but you don’t strike me as the type. You carry yourself like a …club top, if you know what I mean.â€


“I do. I was. I’m not anymore. I met my match. I love him. I have no desire to be with anyone else. Believe me, no one was more shocked than me. But it’s the simple truth. He is… everything to me. Now that I’m paying attention, I can see how good looking and sexy you are, but it’s an observation, nothing more. Just like I can look at Margene and see that she is a total knockout. No further interest whatever. Sorry.â€


“Fuck. He must really be something.â€


Brian pictured Sunshine jerking off standing up a couple weeks ago, and laughed. “Yes. He is really something.â€


“All right, man. Sorry. See you in the morning. Don’t worry, no hard feelings.â€


“Good. I’m sorry too. Goodnight.â€


He closed the door and leaned against it. Wow. This was it, wasn’t it. This was the path he had chosen to follow with Justin. Two more days and there would be no going back. Is that really what he wanted? Who would it have hurt if he had fucked Rick? He had pushed for this, decided a cold night in Pittsburgh that it was what he wanted, and encouraged Justin to follow him there.


There would be only one man for him for the rest of his life. One cock, one ass, one mouth, one tongue. It was insane, if he thought of it that way. But if he thought, only Justin, only Justin’s cock, only Justin’s ass, only Justin’s mouth, only Justin’s tongue, his heart started beating with the excitement of it, swelling with the joy of it, making him want to laugh out loud with happiness. He couldn’t wait. He wanted it more than anything in the world. His besheert. There was not a doubt in his mind.


Smiling, he stripped naked, and dialed the loft.

 

 

A very sleepy voice answered, “What are you wearing?â€

 

 

He grinned. “Nothing but a huge boner.â€


“We must shop at the same place. So am I…â€


Twenty-five minutes and a quick shower later, Brian went to sleep with a smile. He woke up in a winter wonderland. Almost a foot of snow had fallen in the night. It was gorgeous. He got out his work camera and shot a ton of pictures before breakfast. He did some interviews of some of the staff, of one of the ski instructors who was going to be the head of the entire ski division, of the man who would be responsible for the kids’ camp, of Rick, as hotel manager. He was glad that his conversation with Rick was not awkward. Yesterday’s little scene could have caused a lot of problems.


They even went and skied together at lunchtime, as they had discussed. It had been quite a while for Brian, but the skis he was loaned were great, the snow perfect, and Rick, who had worked as a guide in the area in the summers and a ski instructor in Vail in the winters during college and graduate school was a great ski companion. They left under a pristine blue sky. By 2:00PM, they were back. A thick layer of clouds had rolled in, and it had started to snow heavily again. Everyone was excited. It meant a couple more months to the season. They would advertise heavily in the next two weeks, and open for Easter. If it kept snowing, they might be able to stretch it even more.


By six, there was no visibility outside, the temperature had plummeted, and they were facing a veritable blizzard. The predictions were it would last until early morning. They assured Brian that no matter the thickness of the snow, getting to the airport would not be a problem. Once again he called home before going to sleep. He loved it here, but couldn’t wait to get back. At three in the morning, there was a knock on the door. It was Rick and Nelson.


“Brian, how badly do you need to get out before Sunday?†asked Nelson.


“It’s absolutely essential that I make it back to Pittsburgh by lunchtime Friday,†he answered.


“Told you,†said Rick to Nelson.


“Fuck,†said Nelson. “What do you mean by essential?â€


Brian told him exactly what he meant.


“Holy fucking shit. You gotta get out now. The airports will be closed by morning. They are talking 44 inches in the next 48 hours. If you don’t get out now, you’re not getting out. As it is, it’s really iffy, but Rick here says he can swing the 25 miles to Eagle Regional. They should be able to helicopter you out. I’ll make some calls to try to clear the way. Dress as warmly as you can, we’ll loan you a snow rescue suit to go on top. Leave everything behind, we’ll send it on later. You’re going by snowmobile. See you downstairs in ten minutes.â€


Brian could not believe it, but complied. Wool tights, wool socks, silk undies, wool undershirt, sweater, sky suit, wool scarf and hat which only left a slit for the eyes, big snow boots, silk gloves, ski gloves. He met a bunch of people in the lobby. Pip loaned him his snowboots that were actually heated, they helped him into the rescue suit and goggles, and put a helmet on him. The snowmobile had heated over-gloves. They were looking at possibly a two-hour ride minimum, each on a snowmobile. Brian had a ten-meter visibility, and they has walky-talky inside their helmets. At 3:30, they were off.


At first, Brian was not too worried. The road was still somewhat identifiable, but soon, they were in total darkness except for their headlights and brake lights, and the terrain was completely unidentifiable to him, just snow everywhere, in bumps, valleys and drifts. Rick never hesitated. He had a GPS, and years of experience. Very hot at first, soon Brian was grateful for every layer on his back. He had no idea what the temperature was, but he was quite sure he had never been out in such cold before, never mind while riding the equivalent of a large motorcycle.


“How are you doing so far?†asked Rick.


“All right. It’s fucking cold, but I’m ok. I can see you just fine.â€


“Great. It’s about to get bumpy. Don’t go too fast, and don’t lean too much in the curves. Let me know if you need to stop. Don’t be an idiot. We could die out here.â€


“No worries. I’m very motivated to staying alive…â€


Rick laughed. “I definitely have to meet this guy, you know that, right?â€


Bumpy was not just an expression. He was going to need a serious lower back massage when he got home. He started losing Rick’s brake lights occasionally, and after a scary ten seconds in the dark, called him.


“I’m losing your lights, Rick.â€


“Ok. Catch me up. We’ll try to stay side by side.â€


Brian was shocked to realize Rick had only been about six or seven meters ahead. Visibility was incredibly bad. They went on for a while side by side.


“Things should smooth over, and we'll have some occasional lights. This is the highway.â€


It was indeed better for a very short while, then it seemed like the highway actually channeled the wind and snow right in their faces, and they lost all visibility. They had to get off, and ride cross-country. It seemed to Brian they had been going for three hours but it was in fact about one and a half hours when his snowmobile coughed and stopped. Rick stopped, came to him and tried to start it again.


“The fuel line is frozen,†he said. “You’ll have to ride behind me.†He grabbed a bag from the back of Brian’s snowmobile and they just abandoned it as Brian hopped behind Rick. He could tell they were going slower, but at least he wasn’t so cold, and didn’t have to constantly concentrate. Another half hour later, it was Rick’s snowmobile’s turn to hiccup and die. Rick tried vainly to start it again, and passed the bag he had removed from Brian’s snowmobile to him.


“Put these on. We have to go on foot. We only have two kilometers to go.†They were snowshoes. Off they went into the blizzard, holding a bit of rope between them. It was hard going, but they were both in shape, for which Brian had never been so grateful. They seemed to walk forever, one foot in front of the other, the wind cutting through all the layers of clothing, the snow accumulating on the goggles until he had to clean them every few minutes.


Despite the strenuous exercise, he was starting to feel the cold. He was incredibly grateful to Pip for his heated boots. It was getting harder and harder to catch his breath, and he could tell he had slowed down a lot, but no matter how hard he tried he seemed unable to move faster. Rick seemed to be in the same boat. He was no longer looking ahead, instead, looking at his feet and telling himself, ‘One more step, Brian, one more step…’

 

 

Finally, just when the lethal desire to stop and take a rest sitting in the snow was about to win, they could see some powerful lights. They’d made it to the airport. There was a helicopter in the middle of the single landing strip, and Rick did not hesitate, but went straight for it.


“Whatever bullshit Nelson had to say to get us on this,†he said, panting heavily, “you go along with it, OK? He has a lot of imagination.â€


They made it to the door of the rescue helicopter and banged on it. It was opened by a stressed looking young man. “Senator Drake, sir,†he said to Brian. “We were getting extremely worried. We expected you an hour ago. We weren’t sure you were going to make it before we had to take off.â€


“Thanks for waiting,†said Brian. “My aide and I really have to get out of here…â€


“It must be an important vote you have to cast in Washington to take such a risk, sir.â€


“Sometimes, a vote seems benign to outsiders, but is part of a much more important deal made behind the scenes. Thank you again. If you don’t mind, Rick and I need to relax now. Where are you taking us?†The helicopter was lifting off, in a dreadful blizzard.


“The storm is moving South-East, sir. You are going to have to go north of it to make it to Washington. Denver Airport is shut down. We are taking you to Cheyenne, Wyoming, about an hour flight from here. They are having some snow, but nothing like here. From there you can go on to Pierre in South Dakota, and from Pierre to Minneapolis, Minnesota. Then you can fly pretty much anywhere.â€


“Excellent, thank you.†They both collapsed in seats in the back of the helicopter, and looked at each other, laughing. They put on the headsets and spoke in “Private “ mode.


“Senator Drake?†asked Brian.


“Pip’s brother-in-law. Senator from Illinois, Democrat.â€


“Jesus…â€


“Surprisingly, when Pip is on a mission, he is unstoppable. The whole resort was his idea, supported by Nelson’s money, at first. I think your story touched a romantic cord in him. Don’t worry, I’m sure he spoke to Simon, the Senator. He owes Pip a few favors. It’ll be all right. You’re going to spend your day flying, though.â€


“I really don’t care. I owe you big time.â€


“Yeah. It was iffy there for a second. I’m just glad my fuel line lasted as long as it did. We couldn’t have snowshoed much further. It was fucking cold.â€


He sat back, looking satisfied.


“What are you going to do in Cheyenne?â€


“I don’t know. Go to a hotel and watch porn on satellite until the storm is over? I’ve never been to Cheyenne, so what the hell…â€


Brian turned on his palm pilot to see what appointments he was going to miss that afternoon. A photo of himself and Justin, taken a while back by Brandon on his cell phone came up. He smiled and passed his palm pilot to Rick.



 

“Cute but…Brian, how old is he?â€


Brian grinned. “How old do you think he is?â€


“Fuck. He looks about…eighteen.â€


“I know. There are times where he looks even younger… He’s twenty-three, actually.†He looked at the photo a while longer. “I can’t wait to get home,†he said, mostly to himself, but the mike picked it up and Rick laughed at him.


“Man, you got it bad.â€


Brian shrugged and smiled. “Yes,†he said. “Yes, I do.â€


They actually hugged as they parted in Cheyenne. Brian was very clear on the fact that he owed the man his life, as well as the chance to be home in time for the most important day of his life.


Cheyenne and Pierre were small regional airports where, luckily, he only got to spend about an hour each. He called Sunshine to tell him he was going to be a little later than expected.


“They said the Denver airport was closed. I thought for sure you were stuck for a couple of days!â€


“Nah. Just a delayed rerouted flight. I’ll be home tonight. I’m arriving from Minneapolis around eight. I’ll be home by a quarter to nine at the latest. I’ll see you when you come home from Pratt. Later.â€

 

 

“I’m so glad you’re coming home. Later.â€


He was lugging half his clothes in a plastic bag. He never thought he would be relieved to land in Minneapolis. He had a three hour layover and went straight to the Hugo Boss store in the shopping area. He bought a complete outfit, from socks and underwear, to a shirt and tie and pants, and finally a leather jacket and ankle boots. Carrying it all in a large bag, still in his sky pants and snow boots, he went to the Barber and Stylist at the airport, and gave the hairdresser on duty $100.00 to use their laundry room to wash himself. The hairdresser was accommodating. He went and got a plastic tube and showerhead they had from the time they’d had problems with the shampoo chair, and pointed to the drain in the middle of the floor.


“Just attach it to the tap and take a shower. I’ll bring you some Aveda products. I’ll do your hair and shave you when you come out.â€


It was cramped, and Aveda was no Decleor, but once he had dried himself with six of the minuscule towels the hairdressers use he felt like a new man. He changed into his new clothes, and shoved all his warm clothing into the giant Boss bag. He had a shave and a trim, and went to the Tumi store to buy a small bag for his clothes. He packed and dropped Pip’s boots at the post office, mailing them back to him with a thank you note. At 5:30, he took a direct flight to New York.


He landed at 8:05. He was pretty worn out, and glad he didn’t have to wait for luggage. As he left the plane, a really cute blond was waiting at the gate, with a huge, happy smile on his face, and Brian forgot his weariness. They kissed right there in the middle of other people rejoining friends and loved ones, and did not give a rat’s ass that they were getting both curious and dark looks.


Justin took his bag from him, and they walked to the taxi area with their arms around each other. Brian consciously analyzed how he was feeling, that Justin had made the effort to come greet him, not knowing what Brian had had to do to be there at all, but just to be nice and surprise him. He felt loved, and appreciated, and so damn happy. They got in a cab, and Brian held Justin, kissing his sweet smelling hair, the top of his ear, his jaw, his neck, as Justin came up in his embrace and purred under his demonstration of affection.


Then Justin turned his face to him, and their mouths met. Brian savored the elasticity of his lips, their softness, before passing the tip of his tongue between them. Justin opened to him, welcoming him as he always did, accepting the invasion of his mouth with a sigh of pleasure, letting Brian play as he would, softly answering the caresses of his tongue. Brian wanted to fuck him so bad, he actually gave half a thought to the logistics of doing so in the cab. When they stopped in front of the door, and Justin paid, he was so impatient he wanted to just drag him upstairs.


He started undressing him in the elevator, taking off his jacket and his blue hoody. He was unbuttoning his fly as Justin dialed the codes for the door and for the alarm. Justin laughed and stepped out of his pants and removed his t-shirt as soon as they were in.


“The back of the couch,†said Brian as he started getting his new clothes off. He was treated to the sight of Justin bent over, waiting for him, and chuckled when he realized Justin had balanced a condom and a tube of lube on his lower back. Justin looked back at him with his sexy horny innocent smile, and Brian walked over, putting on the condom and lubing it, his efficiency showing years of practice, then pushing the head of his cock slowly inside Justin, feeling him open like a flower for him, welcoming him in his soft tight heat just like he welcomed his tongue in his mouth.


“Brian, Brian, Brian…â€


Fully seated, Brian lay his torso on top of Justin for a second, needing the contact, the closeness, the touch of the soft warm skin. He kissed Justin’s neck, and lightly bit his shoulder before standing back up and starting to move. He came out almost all the way, and sank back in as deep as he could, and kept doing it again and again, slowly at first, then faster as Justin started panting under him as his orgasm approached. He wanted to make Justin come just from his cock, and sped up a little more, loving Justin’s sounds and his disjointed talk.


“Deep… good…so deep… yeah…like that…Brian, Brian… fucking perfect, ahhh, yeah, faster, oh god… deep, humm, yeah… close… oh, Brian… oh god… here… don’t stop… now… now… Brian!!!â€


Brian caught the hot come in his hand. He started pumping faster and shallower into Justin’s ass as he licked Justin’s come off his hand, and came hard, pumping in and out the whole time, thinking, one man, this man, forever…


He lay on top of Justin again, and whispered in his ear, “Say it, Justin, say it…â€


“I missed you while you were gone. I hated our bed without you. Brian, I love you. I love you.â€


Brian stood back up and pulled Justin to him. Justin turned in his embrace and they kissed.


“It was very nice there, Sunshine, but it’s so good to be home.â€


Justin smiled. “I know it’s early, but can we go to bed? I want to feel your body next to mine.â€


“I’m bushed. Going to bed sounds just about perfect.â€


Ten minutes later, their nightly ablutions finished, they were in bed, spooning. Justin giggled. “Oops. It just feels so good. I can’t contain myself.â€


Brian chuckled. “Two nights without me to keep you warm. Poor Sunshine.â€


“It was horrible,†said Justin in a sepulchral voice. “ I cried myself to sleep, cried all night actually, woke up with soaked pillows, had to have a couple of bottles of Evian in the morning just to rehydrate. And I was so cold, there were icicles on my nipples and on my cock, and no one here to suck them off. My asshole actually considered closing up altogether, some kind of asshole suicide, it felt so useless.†He giggled again. “Sorry. I’m being totally goofy. I’m so glad you are home, it’s pretty ridiculous…â€


Brian kissed him behind the ear and hugged him tight in response.


“Oh, Brian. I almost forgot. Jessica called, and she wants us to come to dinner tomorrow night, she called it ‘a little celebration before the big expo’. She had invited Brandon and Todd already, and sounded so excited. I know you and I have plans tomorrow night. I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t disappoint her. I told her we’d be there. It’s pretty early; she said to be there by six-thirty, so I think we won’t be home too late. The only problem is that I’m going to have a hard on the entire time…â€


Brian was glad Justin could not see his shit-eating grin. “If it goes on too long, I’ll pretend to fall asleep, and you can make our excuses.â€


Justin laughed. “Yeah. I’m sure they would all believe that. I think it will be a lot more credible if I pretend to fall asleep, and you make our excuses.â€


“You have a point.†Then seriously, he added, “Are you ready, Justin? Are you sure this is what you want? No condom means you only get to be with me. One man, one cock, one ass, one mouth, one tongue, always the same for the rest of your life.â€


“Said like that it sounds dreadful, you know? But I think only Brian, only Brian’s cock, only Brian’s ass, only Brian’s mouth, only Brian’s tongue, for the rest of my life… and it makes me so happy. It makes my heart sing. I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life. I love you, Brian. Yes, this is what I want, what I’ve been waiting for since the night we first made love. I know it was supposed to only be a fuck. But it was love to me…â€


“All right then. Let’s get tested in the morning, and hope it will all be OK.†They were quiet for a few minutes.


“Brian? What if it’s not OK? What if one of us is positive?â€


“Then one of us starts treatment, and we use condoms for the rest of our life. I love you, Justin. If you’re positive, it will change nothing. And if I am, I hope you will still love me too.â€


“I love you forever, Brian. No matter what.“


“Good.†Brian went from awake to asleep in a second, the day finally catching up with him. He had the best dream. Justin was explaining to Jason that he did not worry about people invading his private life anymore, because he painted under the name Taylor, but his real name was now Justin Kinney, so no one would find him. Justin Taylor could definitely move to a small island in the Pacific. He had no worries about being found out…



To be continued...

 

 

Chapter 35 - You can't trust anybody. by Conzieu

 

 

 

You can't trust anybody



With Brian gone, Justin saw no reason at all not to stay and paint at school deep into the night. He could not expect Brian to go to bed before 11 PM, and that was one in the morning his time so there was no rush to get home at all. They really didn’t have dinner food either, so he would end up ordering out anyway. It so happened Max was out of town as well, so neither he nor Lilah left before midnight.


His 5X5 was going very slowly. On the golden brown background he had started with the silhouette of a primeval forest with trees magnificent and imposing, covered in vegetation and Spanish moss. Then, in the front he had painted the remains of a fire, ashes and glowing embers, and a pile of roasted almonds. Little by little he’d added new details. The sky above it all was ember colored, with long rich silk banners wrapped around tall steel posts floating in the air. There was some kind of a sleek feline running in the background with its pack following, a calm lake and a sudden waterfall, the faraway light and smoking chimney of home, each component an intricate piece of the others, not immediately or individually identifiable, a beautiful kaleidoscope of browns and golds and greens, in which other small details were hidden.


The shape of a hand. The lines of a mouth, a profile, an eye. Like Brandon, the painting was covered in lines. A crowd of men’s outlines dancing, fucking, a walk, a run, a body in repose, a body in the throes of passion, all integrated, all part of the greater whole and concealed in plain sight. The moon was above, but the shadows on it were not those of the moon. Who was to know it was the curls and indentations of skin in a navel? Who could have identified the small symmetrical folds that join in the center between what one could presume to be faraway mountains could be anything but the source of the river? Who could have guessed that the trunk of the tree, also part of the waterfall and of a post bearing banner could be anything else?


The more details Justin added, the more angles and shades he used, the more obscured the original drawings and the more living and breathing the presence in the canvas. He finished it on Thursday afternoon, adding anew some touches of the original background, filling in places with colors that appealed to his heart, recognizing after the fact the unctuous white of shaving cream, the dark grey of sheets, the rich brown of espresso, the camel of a winter coat, the black of a favorite shirt, the green of a Corvette, the red of a tongue, the transparent blue-green of a bottle of Decleor, the chestnut of a silken head of hair.


Justin himself could no longer find the individual images. The painting was gorgeous in its intricacies and harmony, an infinite swirl of small windows to a soul. He had felt the need to keep it hidden all this time, but finally decided to show it to Lilah. He called her over. As usual, she was excited at the prospect of seeing his finished work. She stood in front of it, her lips parted, her eyes running restlessly over the painting.


“Oh, Justin…” When she turned to him he was shocked to see tears running down her face, over her smile. “You have saved nothing of yourself. You have given it all to him. Your heart, your body, your soul… Does he have any idea just how much you love him? It’s so beautiful,” she said, hugging him, “but it makes me so scared for you. I hope with all my heart that he truly is your besheert, and has given himself to you just as freely and completely, that he would go to the same extremes to be near you, with you. That he is deserving of your gift.”


Justin smiled at his painting, thinking about Brian’s voice the night before, how from miles away it could reach him, his words like caresses, his warmth all around him, his love a living reality surrounding him. ”He has,” he answered without a doubt, “he would, and he is. I am so lucky, Lilah. In all the infinity of space and time, we have found each other.”


She nodded and wiped her face. “You shouldn’t show it to anyone else before you show it to him, not even Jason. It’s too late tonight. If you want, I’ll help you tomorrow. Isn’t he meeting you somewhere right after work? We could sneak it into your house. I think he will love it.”


Justin thought about their plans tomorrow. Yes. It would be perfect. “Thanks, Lilah…”


Jessica’s invitation had come as a surprise, but she had obviously planned it that way. He was looking forward to the evening. It was a while since they had seen Brandon and Todd, and he missed them a lot. It was so sweet of her to make a celebration of the occasion. He was pretty nervous about the show. He and Jason had worked the order they wanted to present the pieces when Jason had received the three from Pittsburgh. He had apparently been pleasantly surprised, not expecting much. They were not as big as what he painted now, nor as abstract, but they were beautiful and fun.


Justin had also given him over twenty sketches to frame, mostly of strangers he had drawn who had caught his fancy, or of places he liked. There also were eight of the women in his life, which made a nice ensemble: Daphne, Lilah, his mother, his sister, Mel, Lindsay, Debbie, and Jessica. At the last minute, he dug in his sketchbook and finished one he’d started at the beginning of the year, Cynthia joining the crowd, making it nine.


Jason and Bryce had asked him politely to stay out of the gallery until morning. Apparently, painters were not known to be the best at sensibly displaying their work. He trusted Jason, so he didn’t mind. Jason had convinced Bryce to take eighteen paintings (“Convinced is a joke, of course. He practically frenched me,” had been his comment…) so Cold would be there too. Justin was trying not to think about it yet. There was no point in starting the emotional upheaval showing his work always created in him any sooner than necessary.


After Brian had called to say he would be late, he had been unable to resist going to wait for him at the gate. He felt a little foolish. It was just a business trip. But he had missed him so fucking much, and… he really wanted to. He just hoped it wouldn’t embarrass the hell out of Brian…


When he saw him step from the plane, Brian looked so weary, but so… Brian, gorgeous, impeccably groomed, Justin had not been able to contain a big smile, and when he had seen Brian’s face literally light up at the sight of him, he had been so happy to have decided to come. From the time they kissed at the airport, to the point where Brian had so suddenly fallen asleep, he had been totally high on life.


Curled up in the arms of the man he loved, he thought of what Lilah had said, that he had given all of himself to Brian, withholding nothing. When had he stopped fearing for the safety of his heart? During their separation, in January, probably. When Brian had kept his word, and had waited for him, staying celibate, working like a dog, and, according to Cynthia, acting as if his life, his happiness were on hold.


Was Brian his in the same way? Brian loved him, shared his life with him, made love to him, talked to him, was his exclusively. Their relationship was richer and went deeper than he had ever dared dream. They were happy, and remarkably well matched. Was there a part of himself Brian withheld from Justin? Did it matter? Justin felt strong and creative, loved and supported by a man he admired. He felt he was now the man he’d always hoped to become, with hopes and dreams and a life he loved.


Brian sighed and hugged him tighter in his sleep. Justin smiled. He couldn’t believe how much he got off on Brian’s possessive streak. Last Friday at Essengy had been so much fun (and incredibly good for his ego…). He’d been wearing the cargos he’d bought with Todd, and dancing shirtless. The running he did at lunch was doing wonders for his abs, and the high protein no fat diet of Brian’s had greatly improved his muscle definition. More importantly, perhaps, seeing himself through Brian’s eyes he had felt beautiful and sexy. As soon as Brian left for any length of time, some guy would start cruising him. Justin neither encouraged nor discouraged them, just danced, smiling. As soon as they touched him, or made him an offer to go to the lounge, Brian would show up. He would either step between them and kiss the hell out of him, or act like an interested third party, and make outrageous offers to him (most of them having to do with eating his ass) so the trick was soon out of the competition and left, bummed out. It cracked Justin up, but he loved it as well, and it was a total turn on…


Surely they would both be negative in the morning? Todd and Brandon had just done their first test, and Brandon had tested negative. He and Brian had been Justin’s biggest risks, so…


He remembered the feeling of Brian entering him without a condom, the softness, the warmth, the delicious slide of his skin, the heat once he was inside. God, he couldn’t wait. Would he feel the warmth of Brian’s come spreading inside of him? Justin’s sphincters were very strong. He never had problems closing tightly back up after being fucked, even that time at Gillian’s. He could keep Brian’s seed inside of him all day and know the proof of Brian’s pleasure, of his love, was there, within him, and they’d never have to worry about risks when he asked Brian to go to sleep with his cock still deep inside him.


Justin was very hard, but Brian was so deep asleep, and had looked so worn out coming off the plane, he didn’t have the heart to wake him. He closed his eyes and forced himself to think about the different chemical reactions that occurred while mixing paint, ignoring his hard on. It seemed he had just gone to sleep when it was taken in a hot welcoming mouth. Had it even relented in the night, or had he gone through the night with a boner? He seemed to remember so many erotic dreams; the second scenario was almost more likely.


Brian’s blowjob was heavenly, and he was not going to last too long at this rate. Brian knew how to play with his glans so well, it took no time at all for Justin’s hips to unconsciously start moving back and forth as he neared completion, as he begged Brian not to stop, to please, please let him come. When he did, Justin let out a cry of satisfaction and pleasure, loving the feel of Brian sucking the come greedily out of him. As it often happened, instead of satiating him, it just made him hunger for Brian’s cock deep in his ass, where the stimulation of his prostate could bring him off again, in a different kind of orgasm.


Brian kissed him, only the faintest taste of come in his mouth, and Justin responded, breaching the gap and visiting Brian’s mouth, entwining their tongues. Brian moved back and smiled at him, knowing how to read a horny Justin.


“Fuck me, Brian, fuck me please, fuck me now…” begged Justin, completely shamelessly.


Brian was prepared. “Put your legs up,” he said, and Justin obeyed so fast Brian chuckled as he guided himself in.


Oh, God, oh, fuck, it felt so good… Justin spread his legs wide so Brian could go deep, then wrapped them around his hips as Brian started fucking him hard and fast, just the way he needed. He closed his eyes on the sensations, the pleasure blooming colors inside his lids, panting with need as Brian’s long shaft rubbed his prostate all the way in. His cock was hard again, massaged between their tight stomachs, but he needed more. He guided Brian's head so their lips met, and opened to Brian who kissed him roughly, invading his mouth with a hard searching tongue. It was all Justin needed, and he mewled under the assault to his senses. Then Brian sucked on his tongue and he crested, the deep bone melting orgasm that came more from the prostate than the cock, but that intensified as it traveled through it to erupt, glorious, between their joined stomachs. Brian pushed hard inside of him and stopped, Justin feeling the pulsing of his dick as Brian let out a deeply satisfied, “Ahhh, Juuustiiiiiin…” that brought a smile to Justin’s lips.


He lowered his legs, but Brian stayed on top of him, even after he gently pulled out. He was slightly to the side so that not all his weight rested on Justin, but Justin did enjoy the pressure of the bigger body lying on his. Brian’s head was on his chest, and Justin’s fingers were carding though the thick hair. Brian’s beard was only a bit scratchy. He must have shaved in the afternoon. Justin could feel it on his skin when Brian smiled.


“Today is going to be a very good day, Sunshine. And tomorrow will be spectacular. I have no right to, but I am so fucking proud of you…. I must have invited twenty times more people to your opening than you have. Justin smiled. It was true. He was always a little embarrassed to do so.


Brian lifted his head and looked at him. “I know how ambivalent you feel about showing your work. You can lean on me if it helps, or I can go away, or whatever you need, OK? You will be surrounded by people who love you, Sunshine.”


“And by art critics, and by the lady sculptor’s friends and admirers and by the Finnish glass artist's friends and admirers, and by people just there for the finger food.”


Brian laughed, settling back on his chest. “Not too many of the latter, since the opening is by invitation only.”


“Is it really? I didn’t know that.” Now he was really glad he had gone against his natural tendencies and given invitations to all his friends from Pratt. It would have been dreadful for those who wanted to come to be turned down at the door. A mixture of excitement and dread settled in his chest. Thirty-six hours to go. Argh…


“What did you say about today, Brian?” he asked, wanting to focus on one day at a time.


“I said today was going to be a very good day, Justin. And I wasn’t speaking of the knock them dead presentation I have planned for Sylvestro’s Hardwood Floors, either. What do you say we get up and go get tested to get ready for the biggest commitment of our lives?”


That was a funny way to say it, but it was true also… But it would have been hard to get up with Brian kissing him like he was. God. It was one of those kisses. Justin felt like he was floating above the bed, completely at the mercy of the gentle wicked tongue that caressed his softly, knowingly, possessively. One of Brian’s hands was caressing his face, and he felt so loved and cherished his heart could burst. Brian's lips were moving slowly over his own, and through the faint odor of a strange shampoo, he could smell the forest floor, the slight burned scent of Brian’s hot skin. He belonged to this man, body and soul, had belonged to him since that day, last year, was it almost a year ago? When they had first danced together, when his body had rejoiced, as it still did after all this time, at the closeness of Brian’s body.


Absurdly, his twice spent cock was hardening, his whole body taking pleasure in Brian’s kiss, his skin erupting in goose bumps, the hair on his neck rising, his toes curling. He let go and thought of nothing but the blissful feelings. His heart was thundering in his breast, as he felt his body tremble under Brian. Then every ounce of pleasure in his body seemed to travel to his cock, and heavenly sweet pulses emptied his pleasure and his joy against Brian’s side.


There was such love in Brian’s eyes when he looked at him, tracing the contour of his face with the tip of his fingers. They stayed quiet for a long time, looking into each other’s eyes, neither of them saying the obvious. Then Brian got up and pulled Justin upright, a smile on his face. He slapped his ass on the way to the shower, and Justin smiled back at him.


“Can you ever see my ass without molesting it in one way or another?”


Brian replied, completely unabashed, “No,” and they both cracked up. They showered and got dressed quickly, got in the cab, picked up their morning jolt of caffeine from their favorite drug dealer, and had the cab drop them at the small clinic close to Plexus where Justin had been tested before. They were running quite late since the clinic was opening its doors as they alighted. They were not first in line, but they were the only ones there for HIV testing, and Carlos appeared, as cute as ever, smiling at the both of them.


“I’ve seen you both separately and had no way of knowing who were your significant others. Now I see you together, and it makes so much sense, I can’t believe I didn’t put two and two together. Come on, guys. Let’s do this.”


His cubicle was crowded with the three of them in there. “I am not supposed to test you together,” Carlos said. “Which of you wants to go first?”


“I understand you cannot tell us the result together. But can you test us at the same time?”


Carlos thought about it. “OK. But I do have to give you the results in private, OK?”


“No problem.”


“So which test do you want?”


“The cheek scraping,” said Brian.


“The blood sample,” said Justin.


Carlos did both efficiently. “I am glad you two finally talked to each other. You both wanted this so badly… Though of course I didn’t know you wanted it with each other. And it’s good you are doing it right. I wish everyone were as conscientious as the two of you. We’d have this plague eradicated in no time. But they still have bareback parties out there, and horror of horrors, conversion parties where people get infected on purpose. Don’t they know what they’re signing up for? Stupidity knows no bounds, I tell you.”


The kitchen timer dinged. Brian got up, and kissed Justin before leaving the room. Carlos looked at the stick. “You are negative, Justin. Go out and send Brian in.”


Brian and Justin smiled at each other as Brian went into the cubicle. Ten seconds later, the door reopened, and Carlos handed them each the printed sheet with their results, which they immediately swapped. They looked at each other with big smiles. Both negative. Justin could not help but reach a hand and touch Brian’s face. Brian turned and kissed his palm.


Carlos laughed. “Out, out! Don’t start getting all sweet in front of me or I might cry like a baby. May I never see either one of you ever again.”


Justin turned to him. “Thanks, Carlos.”


“You will not be seeing us. That’s a promise,” said Brian. “Bye.”


They walked to Plexus, two well dressed businessmen heading for work, though they looked much happier than most of their peers, and they walked so close to each other, their hands touched rather often.


They both stopped at the flower seller. Justin bought a small round bouquet of daffodils, yellow tulips and yellow roses, and Brian bought one of pink roses and lily of the valley. They parted with a nod in the lobby of Plexus, Justin going to greet Sarah.


“Hi, Sarah.”


“Hi, Justin. It’s a beautiful day out there, isn’t it?”


“Yes, the best. Crisp and clear. It should hold for a few days.”


“Yes. I feel bad for the people in the south though, getting all that snow, and in March, too…”


“Yes, but think how thrilled all the children are going to be. No school, and lots of snow where no snow ever falls. They’re going to have a ball!”


Sarah smiled. “That’s true. I hadn’t thought of all those children. They are going to love it, aren’t they?”


“Yep. Hey, these are for you. Until you find yourself a gentleman who can appreciate how sweet you are, I’ve decided it is my duty to keep you in flowers.”


Sarah blushed bright red. “Thank you, Justin. That’s so nice of you. Could I ask you a question?”


“Sure.”


“You work with Mr. Kinney sometimes, don’t you?”


“Yes, yes I do.”


“Well, he’s not always very nice. He made me cry, once, when I just started. He expects so much, you know. But, I think it’s because he’s so smart? He doesn’t understand not everyone is, you know? I’m sure he is a good person. Anyway. I know it’s probably different for you, because you’re a boy and everything, but I think he is awfully good looking, and … well…I wasn’t sure you knew that, and I thought I’d tell you just in case.” She nodded in emphasis. “Mr. Kinney is gay too.” Once again she blushed bright red.


“What are you saying, Sarah?” She was so cute.


“I’m sorry, Justin, but it’s just that you’re so nice, and handsome, and so sweet, I’ve just been thinking what a shame it is you don’t have a boyfriend, and then I started thinking about Mr. Kinney, who’s so prickly, and maybe he just needs some sweetness in his life, and well… one or two times I saw him look at you, and,” she lowered her voice to a whisper, “I think he fancies you…”


Better nip this in the bud, Justin thought. “Sarah, he’s my boss. Even if that was the case, there are very strong rules in this company about upper echelon people dating employees. I really appreciate what you are trying to do, but it just can’t be.”


“Really? There are? Well I understand better now.”


“What do you understand?”


“How Mr. Kinney can look at you like you are a long drink of ice water in the desert and not say anything about how he feels.” She shook her head. “Stupid rule, that.”


Justin decided not to explain to her the ramification of sexual harassment and instead said, “Sarah. I don’t want Mr. Kinney to get in trouble. You won’t say anything about this to anyone, will you?”


“No, Justin. Don’t worry. I promise. And thanks for the flowers.” She smiled.


He smiled back and left. Shit. They did forget sometimes that there was someone in the lobby. Oh, well.


He was working for Alan again this week. They got along really well. Alan was not shy about asking for redos, and he had interesting clients. Justin was working on an ad campaign for specialized kitchen equipment for restaurants. The clients were all chefs, or at least worked in restaurant kitchens, and the equipment was stuff he didn’t even know existed before starting the campaign. Like a chainmail glove that chefs wore while deboning poultry to make pate, or a mandolin, which sliced and diced, but had to be worked by hand and had super sharp blades. Thank god, Alan knew exactly what he wanted…


He ran at lunchtime, and changed. No way was he wearing his orange shirt and striped tie for Gross Anatomy. They dissected the foot today, and it was fascinating. He got to have a better idea of the damage he’d inflicted on Phil’s foot, as well as a better feel for all the ridges and valley’s in Brian’s foot, which he had drawn from life a hundred time, but until now had always needed a model for. Now he would be able to draw a foot because he knew how a foot was made from the inside out.


Right after class, He joined Lilah in the studio. She had wrapped “Love” as she called it, and had already called a huge van cab. They were cutting it close, so it was a good thing it was waiting outside when they came out. The painting fit, but barely, and during the trip, Justin changed back into his nice clothes for tonight’s dinner at Jessica’s.


While Justin unwrapped the painting, Lilah called him another cab, to go to Fifth Avenue, and one for her to go home, that Justin insisted on paying for. She forced him to take the first cab that got there, and was a little giddy, but that was Lilah for you. He made it to Jessica’s address at 6:25 with relief. He would be on time. He was thrilled that, as the doorman held the door open for him, he heard a familiar voice saying, “Justin! Wait up.” Brian obviously was cutting it close as well.


Twenty-six floors were just about enough for a decent kiss, really. The doors opened, and Jessica laughed at them.

 

 

“Caught in the act! I have good news and I have bad news. The bad is that Brandon and Todd are going to be a little late. The good is that the night is clear, and Jason is setting the telescope up on the roof for the kids. Why don’t you two go up there and check out the city?”


Brian and Justin looked at each other. “Sure,” said Brian. “Yeah. I’d love to see the city from the roof,” said Justin.

 

 

Brian pressed “Roof” and the doors closed on a smiling Jessica. It was magical up there. There was a full garden with trees and a fountain, little paths and benches. Jason was next to the edge, with an expensive looking telescope.


He turned to them when he heard their steps on the fine white gravel that shone in the moonlight. “Hi, guys. Nice night, eh? You can see for miles. Justin, you want to take a look?”


“I’d love too,” Justin said.


“How long have you lived in New York now, Justin?” asked Jason.


“About a year and three months.”


“OK, then. Let’s test your knowledge of the city. See if we should keep you or send you back to where you came from. How about you find us The Rock?”


That was easy. The huge Rockefeller tower was hard to miss. He searched for a second and said, “Got it!”


“Let me check,” said Brian. “Yes. Good job. How about the Empire State Building?”


He left his spot to Justin. That was harder, but not too bad. “Got it!”


“I’ll check,” said Jason.


“Gee, guys, you really trust me, don’t you…”


“OK, smart ass. How about St. Patrick's cathedral,” said Brian.


“”Shit. Is it north or south of here? Can I even see it? Aren’t we on the same side of 5th Avenue?”


“South, and yes, but you can see the spires,” said Jason.


“Helping him, much?” asked Brian.


“Hey, I’m a nice guy. Tell you what, Justin. Find the Sheep’s Meadow, and we’ll call you a New Yorker. I got to go back to the family. It’s Shabbat starting.” He left them alone on the roof.


Justin frowned. “I think I know where the Sheep’s Meadow is. It’s south of the reservoir, and north of the lake, right?” He looked in the telescope, finding his bearings. “Here’s the reservoir, so down from there, that’s the great lawn, and Turtle Pond, and the transverse road… There, I think that’s the Sheep’s Meadow. Wow, they’ve got some big lights right there. Wait a minute. I can’t believe it. It’s Brandon and Todd, waving like maniacs, they have this huge stick between them… What the hell are they doing? O my god, it’s a banner, they’re unrolling a banner… It says… “Justin, I love you, will you…marry me? Brian.”


Justin looked up from the telescope at Brian, in complete disbelief.


“Justin, will you marry me?” asked Brian, with a smile, probably and rightfully guessing from the look on his face that it bore repeating.


Justin was extremely confused. “But Brian, you don’t believe in marriage, you…”


“You’re absolutely right. I don’t believe in marriage as a general concept. But I absolutely believe in marrying you. I want you to be my husband. I want you to wear my ring. I want you to share my name. I want you to be a father to our son. I want you. Forever.”


Brian’s husband. Gus’s dad. Justin Kinney. Justin smiled. Hell yes!


“OK.”


“OK, what?”


Justin giggled, “OK, Brian. Yes, I will marry you.”


“Is that yes, someday, when I’m older I will marry you, or yes, unconditionally, I will marry you?”


Justin remembered the conversation they had about Lilah and Max. No wonder Brian had looked upset. “Brian, I love you unconditionally.” Justin grinned. “This is a yes, unconditionally, I will marry you.”


Brian smiled at him. “I love you too, Justin.”


Then he grabbed what looked like a ridiculously big gun, and shot it in the air. A green flare went up in the clear sky and exploded, making Justin jump.


“What was that for?” he asked.


“To let them know you said yes… Look at the meadow again, Justin.”


What were those two goofballs up to now? They had known about this, planned it all this time. He was so going to kick their asses. He found the meadow and the lights again, and could not believe his eyes.


“Oh, my God, Brian, everybody’s there. Emmett, I see Emmett, and Ted, and Blake, and oh my God, Daphne? And Mel,” he started laughing, “and here’s Carl pouring champagne, and Debbie, and Ben, and Michael! Brian, Michael’s here! Oh, God, there’s Gus, he’s jumping up and down he’s so excited, and Lindsay, Brian, Brian, that’s my mom! And my sister!” He looked up. “They're all here. You brought them all here! Can we go meet them?”


He looked again, they were all dressed up and celebrating, drinking champagne and laughing. There was Drew, handing Brandon and Todd some champagne and having a toast with Hunter, who was wearing a very nice suit. Oops, wasn’t he too young to drink? Oh well…


“They’re coming to meet us, Justin,” said Brian, hugging him from behind. "This is actually our engagement party. They all wanted to be at your opening tomorrow. They just all came a day early.”


Justin turned in his arms. “You are amazing. What if I’d said no?”


“We would just have celebrated your opening a day early…” He looked over the low parapet. “I might have jumped…” but he was smiling.


“You really want me to share your name?”


“What do you think about it? Would you rather we share yours, or use both? I really like Justin Kinney…”


“I can remain Justin Taylor as an artist. But I’d love to be Justin Kinney. Taylor is my father’s name…”


“Kinney is my father’s name, and ol’ Jack was no saint…”


“I’ll never know your father. To me, Kinney is your name, and Gus’s middle name. I’d be honored to share it.”


Brian combed Justin's hair back from his face. “I am so in love with you, Justin. I wish we had more time up here, but we should go down. We have an engagement party to go to.” He was smiling.


“Just about everybody’s here! I can’t wait to see them.” Justin giggled. “Gus is here!” He couldn’t wait to see Gus. And his sister! And Hunter! And Blake! And watch Brandon and Ben tease Michael! He was giddy all the way down. The elevator doors opened on a smiling Jason.


“Brian, my mother wants you. Justin, you’re with me.”


“What? Why? I want to see everybody!”


Jason laughed. “They're not here yet, and Jessica has very clear ideas about what a young man should wear to his engagement party. She's old fashioned that way. So you have to change, come on.”


“What about Brian?”


Jason laughed. “Why do you think she wants to see him?”


They went to a beautiful fancy bedroom that had a huge walk-in dressing room, as big as a normal living room, with gorgeous mahogany shelves, all empty, and green velvet accents. There was a permanent barber’s chair inside with a large oval mirror, and a short man with scissors, as well as a girl with a manicure kit, and hanging on a brass hook, under plastic, what looked like a tuxedo. Good God! He got a quick trim, and the barber laughed upon discovering he had no beard. “The closest shave I’ve ever given,” he said. Justin’s nails were beautiful and shiny.


“Go rinse the hair off. Then we can finish,” said Jason.


Justin took a quick shower. The bath was great, the faucets the necks of swans, the shower as big as the one in the loft, the towels nice and fluffy. He smiled at the Decleor bottle, loving the smell of it, and came back to be groomed some more. The tuxedo fit him like a glove, and Jason tied his bowtie for him. His hair was dried and gelled and at last his jacket put on, Jason placing a small white rose on his lapel. He felt as if he was going to the prom he had missed all those years ago, but since Jason was wearing a tux too, he didn’t feel completely out of place. The patent leather shoes were kind of a trip… He looked in the mirror. He looked good, but he also looked about seventeen. Oh well. Surely that would pay dividends twenty years from now…


Suddenly, his mom and sister were there. They looked gorgeous too, his mother in a long salmon beaded dress, his sister’s dress similar, but cut just above the knee.


His mother looked at him with a tremulous smile. “Justin! Look at you! What a handsome man you have become!”


“Thanks, mom.”


“Come on, Justin. Everyone is waiting.” They left the bedroom, and Molly seemed to know where she was going. They stopped in front of a set of double doors.


“Justin,” Molly said, “you really do look beautiful.”


“I do?”


She leaned to him and whispered. “When the guy with the grey hair asks you the big question, try to sound less tentative, and more affirmative, OK?”


What the hell was she talking about?


Then the ballroom doors opened, and everyone was there, seated in chairs facing forward, but they were all looking at him. Wow, LaShaun sure cleaned up good, and there were Lilah and Max, and Rory… Some music started playing, it was Jason on a Grand piano, and Justin looked up to the front, and there was Brian, looking gorgeous but really nervous for some reason, in a tux as well, with a black shirt and a white silk scarf, and next to him stood Michael, looking chuffed, and next to Michael was Cynthia, grinning. The music was 'Ode to Joy' by Beethoven, and it finally dawned on him.


They were getting married. Right here, right now, half an hour after he said yes, his mom and sister were walking him down the aisle, and Brian had pulled it all off, making it this huge surprise, and all the people he loved were there, and he gave Brian the biggest smile, because he loved him so fucking much, and this was the most amazing, the most fabulous present anyone had ever given him. Brian’s face relaxed completely, and he smiled back at him, and it could have been just the two of them there. He heard vaguely Debbie’s voice saying, “And that’s why I call him Sunshine!”


The only thing he could clearly hear was the beat of his heart, and he could only think how lucky he was. He was marrying his best friend, his amazing lover, the most handsome man he knew, this phenomenally gifted professional, the man he loved more than life itself. The crazy thing was that he could read the same emotions on Brian’s face. He knew for a fact no one had ever felt this happy in this world or the next.


After saying something or other, his mother and sister let him go, and Brian reached for his hands, and just from that touch his body was singing. He tried to notice things for a moment. Behind him was Daphne, and behind her was Brandon, the exact people he would have chosen to stand with him. The minister was the grey haired man who had married Drew and Emmett, and that both he and Brian had liked so much, because the ceremony had been so simple and lovely. He was speaking,


“We are gathered here today…” but Justin lost the thread, just drowning in the love in Brian’s eyes.


“…Kinney, do you take this man…. Sickness, health, richer, poorer…death do you part?”


“I do,” said Brian, and he sounded so sure. Justin remembered his sister’s words, and waited.


“…Until death do you part?”


“I do,” he answered, and there was nothing tentative about it.


Then Gus was there with rings. And he did his job just as well as he had for Emmett and Drew, except that both Brian and Justin held him back at the same time from running off after giving up the rings, and he stood there, facing the minister, a big grin on his face.


“With this ring, I thee wed…”

 

 

“With this ring I thee wed…”


They both crouched as if they had rehearsed it, their ring hands holding each other, and each grabbed one of Gus’s little hands, placing them on top of theirs, and covering them with their right ones. Gus bent down and kissed their clasped hands, and smiled brightly at both of them. They released him and stood up, and the minister, going with the flow, said, “May I introduce to you Mr. Brian Kinney, Mr. Justin Kinney, and Gus Kinney, their son.” The old man smiled. “Mr. Kinney, you may kiss your husband.”


Brian took Justin in his arms, and they kissed, one of Brian’s hands behind Justin’s neck, the other at the small of his back, as Gus sauntered back to his mothers. Of course it was their kiss, and Justin melted against Brian, loving it. Then he smiled against Brian’s lips, and Brian smiled back, and they pulled apart laughing into each other’s eyes, ‘later, later’ not spoken, but a promise between them.


They faced everyone, and they were all clapping, and the sounds and the crowd became real again. They walked down the aisle, and people were laughing, and cheering, Detective Hamill, looking beautiful, Petunia in a suit, Alan and Heather, Betsy, Spaz, Nehama and Lamont, Daphne’s grandparents, the wild twins and Curtis, Lindy, Sam and his wife and the entire Art Department, looking somewhat shell-shocked but pleased, Mark and a beautiful woman, his wife, no doubt, Todd, looking breathtakingly handsome at Jessica’s side, all the people he would have wanted there were there, smiling cheering them on. Outside the ballroom, Jason escorted them to the yellow salon, where a bottle of champagne was chilling in a bucket of ice, and closed the doors on them.


“It’s a Jewish tradition,” said Brian. “We get about fifteen minutes alone together.” As if he knew exactly what Justin needed, he wrapped him in his arms and held him tightly. Justin could hear the strong beat of Brian’s heart, feel their bodies relax in each other’s presence. After a few minutes, they both moved to a couch and sat, as they did in the taxis, Justin between Brian’s legs, his back resting on Brian’s chest. Justin looked at his ring.


“It’s beautiful, Brian.”


“I’m glad you like it.”


“What makes the whorls?”


“They are forged that way. Three colors of gold, folded over and over on each other. They used to make swords that way, in Japan. It’s called Mokume Gan. I thought they would appeal to you.”


“When did you buy them?”


“When I first realized I wanted you to be my husband, right after Emmett and Drew’s wedding. But I had them engraved only last week.”


“Inside? What does it say?” He slipped the ring off. Deep in the gold were engraved the words “My Sunshine! Find your own…” Justin laughed as Brian slipped his ring back on.


“It’s so perfect,” he said. “What about yours?”


Brian took his off. Inside it said, “We are Besheert”. Justin put the ring back on Brian’s finger, suddenly overwhelmed by the truth of it, by the fact that they were bound to each other forever, that Brian did love him, deeply enough, and with enough certitude that he would marry him.


“Brian, I…” There were no words, and this was neither the time nor the place to make love to each other.


Brian looked as overwhelmed as Justin felt, as much in need of closeness with him. He kissed Justin’s forehead, and said, “I know…” They held each other, and kissed, the sweetest, gentlest touch, and for now, it was enough to fill their need, the love flowing between them, their bodies connected, rejoicing.


“My guess is,” said Justin chuckling, “pretending to fall asleep is not going to help us tonight…”


Brian chuckled too. “I think you’re right…”


There was a knock on the door, and Brandon and Todd barged in.


“We volunteered to retrieve you… Everybody else seemed scared, but we figured, if you were fucking, it’s not like it’s something we’ve never seen…” said Todd.


“Come on, guys, everybody wants you!” said Brandon.


Justin and Brian looked at each other, smiled, and got up, ready to celebrate. It started with bone crushing hugs from their best friends, who then pushed them out the door, laughing.


When they got to the ballroom, the chapel look was gone. There were small round tables around a big dance floor. The lights dimmed, and a soft spotlight illuminated the newlyweds. Brian walked Justin to the dance floor, and smiled at his surprised expression as “Save the last dance for me” started playing. It was on one of Brian’s CDs, and he always hummed along when it came on. Brian faced him with a smile, and the look of someone who knows what he is doing. He took off his white silk scarf and placed it around Justin’s neck, and took him in his arms and started to dance.


Justin was blown away. Brian was brilliant, totally at ease, smiling at him as he led him throughout the song. Justin could not help grinning with pleasure, as Brian expertly spun him, dipped him, and lifted him to twirl him off the floor, before their proximity got the better of him, and he kissed Justin rather passionately.


Justin could feel every eye on them, and did not care. This was their dance, the beginning of their life together, and their love was a tangible third with them on the dance floor.


The music ended, and they stayed together for a minute, touching foreheads and smiling, but then it was time to share the celebration with others, and as the lights came back on, their fingers twined together, they faced their friends and families.



To be continued...


The beautiful Mokume Gan Rings



'Save the Last Dance for me', with a happy, happy ending...

 

 

 

Chapter 36 - A nerve wracking day. by Conzieu

 

 

 

 

A nerve wracking day



Brian dropped the small spring bouquet on Cynthia’s desk on the way to his office, without a word. As he could have predicted, she was in his office three minutes later, her arms crossed over her chest, and a look that said, “I will not take no for an answer.”


“Cynthia?” asked Bran innocently.


“Brian. Are you going to tell me what’s going on tonight?”


“I thought we had that covered. You are going to make yourself beautiful, and show up at the address I gave you at 6:45 pm exactly, and you are keeping this absolutely confidential.”


“Brian…” There was a definite threat to her tone.


“Believe me. That’s all you need to know…”


“I talked to Julie earlier, at Starbucks. She said she received an invitation Wednesday, to a mandatory work related soiree, formal, requesting her arrival tonight at 7:15 exactly at an address around the corner from the one you gave me, with the addendum that all discussion of the invitation on work premises would lead to immediate dismissal. She had to cancel a date. She said luckily she was not going out of town this weekend, because she was invited to Justin’s opening tomorrow but she was a little annoyed. When I talked to Sam on the elevator earlier, he got off on his floor and said, 'See you tonight, Cynthia.' Care to elaborate on this?”


Brian shrugged with a smile. “No!”


“Damnit, Brian!” She leaned with both hands on his desk. “Have I ever failed in keeping any of your secrets, professional or otherwise? You trust me with the access to your personal bank accounts and all your credit cards, the codes to your home, a copy of your will and testament and…”


He chuckled. Flustering Cynthia was not easy to do. He decided he had tortured her enough. They did not see each other outside of work, but they did spend at least ten hours a day together, and he did trust her with his life. He had not thought of her as an employee for years. To him, she was a full partner in his professional life. He would not have taken the job in New York had Cynthia not come along.


At his chuckle, Cynthia realized he had just wanted to rile her and she had, sadly, completely fallen for it. She sat down, knowing he was finally going to fess up.


“Tonight at 6:50 I’m going to ask Justin to marry me. If he says yes, we will be married at 7:40, with all his friends and family there. I would like two of the most important people in my life to stand by me at the altar. My best man Michael… and you.”


She looked at him for a moment, saying nothing. However much affection she felt for him, she knew never to show or mention it. This show of affection on his part obviously touched her deeply, but she was not going to gush. She knew Brian too well. “You want me to be your…” she struggled for the right word, “groom’s maid?”


Brian grinned. “No. I want you to be my best woman.”


She grinned back, looking genuinely pleased and happy for him. “Cool.” He was incredibly appreciative that she was not reminding him of what he had said so many times about gay marriages, or about the fact that Justin and he had only been together for an incredibly short time. Instead, she giggled and said, “The folks from the art department are going to shit themselves…”


She got up, the intimate moment past, back to her business persona. He appreciated her more at that moment than he could say. “Sylvestro in 45 minutes” she reminded him on her way out. Then she turned back at the door. “You did invite Dwayne, right?”


“Of course.”


“And Sarah?”


“Fuck.”


Cynthia sighed. “Go down now. I’ll hold the fort.”


Brian got up. Sarah was… not overly smart, but, Brian supposed, well intentioned, and he knew Justin would feel badly if she had been left out. He took the elevator down to the lobby and went to her desk. She was on the phone.


“I’m sorry, Mr. Rosen’s desk is not answering. Would you like to speak to someone else in the Art Department, leave a message, or have me page him?... All right, I will put you through to Julie McLaughlin. Please hold while I ring her desk… Julie? A Mark Taggard from Graphic Supplies is on the line. Sam is not answering. May I connect you to him?... Thank-you Julie, please hold. Mr. Taggard? Julie will speak to you now. Have a nice day.”


She hung up the phone and looked up with a professional smile. “Sorry to keep you wai… Oh! Mr. Kinney. What can I do for you, sir?”


Brian was impressed by how professional and competent she had been on the telephone, as well as with the way she had addressed him, thinking he was a customer. She obviously knew her job and was not only able but also good at it.


“Hello, Sarah. I am afraid it's awfully short noticed but…” He had just noticed the flowers on her desk. For some reason, he had assumed when Justin had bought them that morning that they were for Betsy, Alan’s assistant, since he knew they were friendly. She had given Justin a very nice pair of running pants for Christmas and not too long ago had brought him some homemade cookies.


“Justin Taylor bought you flowers. Is it your birthday Sarah?”


“Uh. No, sir, Mr. Kinney. He’s just sweet, you know? And I know he just does it to make my day, because he’s… uh… oh.” She turned bright red. “You said short notice, sir?”


“Because he’s what, Sarah?” Brian could just not resist torturing young women today, apparently…


Sarah took a deep breath and finished a little defiantly. “Because he’s gay, sir. So I know he is not one of those boys who are nice to me just because they want to get in my pants. And while we are on the subject, I think it’s a stupid rule.”


What subject? What rule? Brian was completely lost now.


“What rule is that, Sarah?”


“That upper echelon people cannot get involved with employees.”


“I’m sorry, Sarah. You’ve lost me.”


Once again, she blushed crimson. “Me and my big mouth” she mumbled to herself. “I’m sorry, sir, you… intimidate me a lot and I … should just be quiet.”


“Sarah, I was perhaps a little harsh on you the first time we met. You have since proven your competence at your job. You should not feel intimidated about speaking your mind around me. It is something I value and respect in people as long as it is done for a good reason.”


“I am not sure you would consider it a good reason sir. It was done out of friendship.”


“Friendship is usually an excellent reason to do things…”


“Well, then.” She looked as if she was bracing herself for the worse. “I think Justin is sweet and cute and it’s a shame that he should be alone so I told him this morning that… you’re gay too and I think you might fancy him. That’s when he told me about that stupid rule.”


“I see. And what makes you think I might fancy him?”


“The way you look at him, sir, when you forget you are not alone in the lobby, and he can’t see you…”


Brian was nonplussed. Sarah might not be overly bright, but she certainly was observant.


“Sarah, knowing that rule now, what do you think two people would do, whose feelings pushed them to ignore it?”


“Well, they would have to be really discreet, and make sure no one knew how they…” He could almost see a light bulb above her head go on. “Oh, my God! Are you saying that you and Justin…” She hid her face in her hands. “Oh, for heaven’s sakes… He must think I am such an idiot!”


“No. I know he thinks you are very sweet, and that we should be more cautious around you…”


“But, but, why are you telling me, sir?”


“Well, Sarah, I know it’s short notice, but could you come to a surprise party in Justin’s honor this evening at 7:15 at this address?”


Her face lit up and with a smile she asked, “Is this a party that’s going to make it OK for Justin and you to be together?”


“Yes, yes it is. And it’s an absolute secret, Sarah. No one else in the company has any clue what this party is about and they have been told that discussing it at work would get them fired.”


“Wow. Thank you for thinking of me, Mr. Kinney. Is it a fancy party? It’s in the posh area of town…”


“Yes it is. Make yourself beautiful, and make absolutely sure you are exactly on time, OK?”


“Oh, yes sir, Mr. Kinney.”


“And Sarah? I have never given you any reason to be nice to me. The fact that you tried getting Justin and me together despite that shows what a good heart you have. I am glad Justin got you those flowers. I will see you tonight.”


Sarah blushed brightly again. “Thank you, sir. See you tonight, sir.”


Brian walked back to the elevators. He turned back and looked at Sarah for a second. She was smelling her flowers, a bright smile on her face. Brian reflected that it was another thing he had learned from Justin, that it was as easy to be kind as to not.

 

*****



Sylvestro was a restoration supply company. They produced hardwood floors that looked and felt as if they were a couple hundred years old. They were used inside of restored historical monuments, old churches and so on. They were absolutely convincing. Their scope of clientele was much greater in Europe, where so many older homes were restored while keeping the spirit of the original, and Brian had been sure, when he had seen the advertisement designed for the restoration trade magazine by a junior exec whose work he supervised, that there would be a huge market for the product in the general public.


He had worked with Randy and the junior exec in preparing a much broader campaign to go in House Beautiful, Architectural Digest, and other related publications. Now he had to sell it to Sylvestro. The Junior exec would do his little spiel, Randy would show some beautiful boards for possible paper ads in the popular, nontrade magazines, and Brian would take over, convincing them to be aggressive bold innovators with a quadrupled advertising budget. He was very much looking forward to it…


He walked into the conference room, feeling at ease in his Armani suit, and perfectly prepared for his presentation.


Of course, the Sylvestro representatives and vice president who were there were completely convinced and enthused by Brian’s presentation. They signed on eagerly for the expanded campaign. The junior exec went back to his cubicle with two pieces of gossip: One, Brian Kinney truly was an advertising god, and two, he did sport a hard on during the entire presentation.


He also brought back a personal realization. A new awareness of how much he had yet to learn. The next time there was griping among the junior execs about the factor of ten difference between the Senior and Junior exec salaries when ‘They did exactly the same job,’ he'd keep his mouth shut.


Happy with the outcome of his morning’s presentation, Brian went and worked out hard at lunchtime. He knew that as the day wore on he would have more and more reason to stress out and hoped a good sweat now would translate into a more relaxed attitude later. So many aspects of his plan were out of his hands now; so much he had no control over and would just have to trust others to handle right… Something that definitely was not second nature to him.


He went for a quick trim and a manicure at the salon on the ground floor of the building. As he was sitting there, he wondered. Why in the world had he decided on something so elaborate? Because if he pulled it off, and if Justin liked it, it would be a memory they could both return to when things were rough, a tangible proof of his feelings for Justin.


At five, he was mercifully done with appointments for the day. Cynthia came in with the confirmations for his and Justin’s activities the following week. She very much approved of every idea. Brian was glad.


He placed a quick call to Charles Bernard, who assured him that the airport pick-ups had started and that everything was going smoothly. Another call to Brook, Jessica’s butler, reassured him that the guests that had already arrived were much too in awe of their surroundings to be much trouble, and if Mr. Kinney would allow him to say so, young Gus was a gorgeous and very sweet child.


One final call and he had to go.


“Jessie’s Bed and Breakfast”


“Is that how your house feels?”


“Not at all. I haven’t seen anyone yet. I’m in the pink salon, away from all the action. But don’t worry, I’ll be there to deliver my line when the elevator door opens… You, on the other hand, better get here, Lilah called and he should be here in about ten minutes…”


“I’m off. See you soon.”


He made it to Jessica’s at 6:20 and the doorman shook his head “No”, Justin had not arrived yet. He sent his cab around the block, and arrived back to see Justin alight from his taxi. He threw the cabbie a $50.00 bill, told him to keep the change and called out to Justin who was about to go in.


Justin’s smile was worth every anxiety he was about to put himself through. In the elevator, he pulled his Sunshine to him, and kissed him avidly. He could not believe what this evening would mean if it all went well. Justin’s soft lips and his surrender to his kiss was just what he needed right now, to calm down and remember why he was doing it all. He loved him so much, and his body craved him with such intensity.


Twenty-six floors were just about enough for a decent kiss, really. The doors opened, and Jessica laughed at them.


“Caught in the act! I have good news and I have bad news. The bad is that Brandon and Todd are going to be a little late. The good is that the night is clear, and Jason is setting the telescope up on the roof for the kids. Why don’t you two go up there and check out the city?”


Brian and Justin looked at each other. “Sure,” said Brian. “Yeah. I’d love to see the city from the roof,” said Justin.


Brian had thought Justin would enjoy it, and he was glad he’d been right. He could feel his stress level going up, with the usual resulting hard on as they stepped on the roof.


Jason was so relaxed, playing his role perfectly. As they ‘checked’ Justin’s answers, they were actually seeing how far in their preparation Brandon and Todd were, and when Jason gave Justin the answer as to where St. Patrick's was, it was because they were ready. Jason called Todd’s cell phone as soon as he stepped off the roof so they would start waving, and unrolling the banner. It worked like a dream.


Brian was suddenly scared shitless. Acting the picture of cool, he waited for Justin’s answer, and for his clarification that he didn’t mean to get married in five years or so. That would have been OK, they would have celebrated their engagement tonight, but Brian wanted so much more. He was thrilled with Justin’s answer, and his reaction at all the people from Pittsburgh being there.


It was hard to leave the roof without further ado, he wanted Justin so much at that moment… But there would be none of that, not until they were home and could savor making love without condoms…


It was silly, but when Justin left with Jason, Brian felt it like a physical loss. He went to one of the bedrooms, took a quick shower, shaved, and got dressed. He looked great but was so incredibly nervous. How would Justin react? Now he had to go talk to Mikey, and then a few others to tell them why they were really there… The folks from Pittsburgh had been told he was going to ask Justin to marry him before being bussed to the park, but they had no clue the wedding was …now. As for the rest of the guests, Justin’s old roommates, and all their co-workers, they had no idea whatsoever what was going on…


He entered the lobby, where everyone was enjoying champagne and hors d’oeuvres, and found Mikey. Ben had kept his part of the bargain. Mikey had only known about the trip two days before when he and Ben had gone to pick up the tuxes Brian had rented for them at the nicest shop in Pittsburgh. Ben had said there was no use in purchasing one, since neither he nor Mikey would ever wear them again. It fit Michael beautifully and was Armani, not some hideous prom thing. Brian had quite a hard time disengaging from everyone else but managed and took Mikey to the yellow salon to talk to him.


“This place is amazing!” said Michael, very impressed. “You have some seriously rich friends!”


“Actually, Jessica was Justin’s friend first. Wait till you meet her. She is remarkable. Mikey, I have a favor to ask you.”


“What is it?” asked Michael, happy at the idea of doing something for Brian, for a change, instead of Brian helping him.


“Well, we talked about it not too long ago and you seemed willing, I just want to make sure. Will you be my best man?”


“Of course,” said Mikey with a smile. “When the time comes, I’ll be proud to be your best man, Brian.”


“Great. Come with me.” They went to the ballroom, which of course was set up as a chapel.


“Holy shit, Brian! You’re doing it today? Oh, my god!” Michael looked so happy and excited, it was sweet.


“Yes, well. Strike the iron while it’s hot…”


Cynthia and Brandon had just come in, laughing together. Brandon looked truly amazing in his tux, and Cynthia, in a floor length backless gown, her hair up in a loose bun decorated with pearls, was extremely beautiful. They made a striking couple.


“You and Cynthia will stand by me. Daphne and Brandon by Justin. I’ll go get Daphne now, and then get everyone else in. Justin should be down in about half an hour…”


He went back to the lobby and grabbed Daphne walking with her towards the ballroom. She looked lovely in a champagne colored gown with her wild hair tamed in a beautiful upsweep. “Daphne, you will be Justin’s best man, don’t you think?”


“Unless he wants his ass kicked on his wedding day…”


“That’s what I thought.” They entered the ballroom, and Daphne’s mouth fell open. Then she walked to Brandon and started punching him. “You big lug! You knew about this and you didn’t tell me?”


Brandon was laughing. “Daphne, stop, you are tickling me with your little fists… I was sworn to secrecy by Brian and his fists are a lot bigger than yours…”


She stopped trying to hit him and laughed. “Oh, my God. I can’t wait to see Justin’s face!”


Leaving the wedding party happily chatting, Brian went to talk to Molly next. She was gorgeous, in a short beaded dress. She looked sufficiently like Justin that Brian felt an immediate affection for her though he did not know her at all.


“Hello, Molly, I’m Brian.”


“Hey. I recognize you from my brother’s drawings. You are just as good looking in person.”


“Thank you”


“Don’t thank me, thank your parents and the god of genetics. You want something?”


“I am marrying your brother in twenty minutes. I thought you and your mom should walk him down the aisle. What do you think?”


“Holy fucking shit. Good thing he is so much younger than you,” she said with a wicked grin, “at least he won’t have a heart attack. Are you afraid he’ll change his mind, or what?”


“No. I am passionately in love with him and I can’t wait.”


“Oooh. Good answer, that. So yeah. I think Mom and I should be the ones to give him away. But what I said about you hurting him still holds.”


“I know.”


“Hey, and I thought you said there’d be some people my age at this party. I’m all spruced up for nothing here.”


“You haven’t met Hunter yet?”


“How old is he?”


“18? Something like that?”


“No. I haven’t had the honor yet. Before you run off to stick your dick up my brother’s ass, make sure to introduce me, OK?”


“Will do. Can you tell your mom what’s going on while the maid takes you to Justin? Please don’t tell him though. I really want to surprise him.”


She looked at him in a calculating way. “I could charge you for my silence, you know…”


He gave her his best ‘I eat little girls like you for breakfast’ smile. “I could have Todd and Debbie walk him down the aisle, you know…”


She gave him a true smile, apparently glad he wasn’t a sucker. “Point. See you in the chapel of love.”


“See you.” She went to grab her mom and followed the smiling maid. Good god. It was like dealing with Justin’s evil twin…


He looked for Debbie and Lindsay. By a stroke of luck, they were chatting together with Mel and Carl. He got close, and got almost bowled over by Gus. Finally. He had wondered where his little man had been hiding.


“Daddy! Daddy! You and Jutsin are engaged! He’s almost my daddy too!”


Gus was wearing the same tuxedo Brian was, with the black shirt and the white silk scarf. Brian had had it specially made. He looked really beautiful, more handsome, Brian thought, than he had been at that age. Brian was crouching in front of him, to look him in the eye. Gus’s eyes were the exact same color as his own. For some reason, it made Brian’s insides feel tight.


“Gus, do you remember when you were the ring bearer for Uncle Drew and Uncle Emmett?”


“Sure. It was a big reson-psa-bility. And I did really good.”


“Yes, Gus. You did really well. I was very impressed. Do you think you can do the same for Justin and I?”


“When you two get married?”


Brian winked at Gus, and whispered, “Yes, Gus, when we two get married, in about fifteen minutes…”


Gus whispered back, loving the secrecy. “You’re doing it today? But mommy and mama don’t even know that!”


“It’s a big surprise. They’ll find out in a minute. So you want to do it?”


“Oh, yeah! It'll be fun!”


“OK, then. Here are the rings.”


“I put them in my pocket, Daddy, and when the man says, 'The rings, please,' I bring them over, right?”


“Right.”


Gus smiled a huge smile. “And then, my Jutsin is my daddy.”


Brian had to smile too. “Right.”


“That’s really good, Daddy. Good job.”


“Thank you, Gus.” Brian hugged him tight, and kissed his warm neck. He got up, and walked to the three women still in an intense discussion, Carl following the conversation, trying not to smile. They quieted as he greeted them.


“Ladies, you look beautiful tonight.” He kissed Lindsay on the cheek, then Debbie, and to her astonishment, Mel. “Mel, would you mind keeping an eye on Gus for a few minutes?”


At that moment, Brook entered and called everyone’s attention. “Ladies and Gentlemen, if you would follow me, please?”


Brian held Debbie and Lindsay back. “I need you both for a minute.” Carl offered Mel his arm. “My dear lady, shall we go in?”


“Hey! Where are you going?” asked Debbie.


“I am neither the sister nor the mother of the groom. I’m just a friend,” answered Carl.


“What the hell are you talking about?” asked Debbie.


“You’ll find out soon enough. See you soon.”


Lindsay raised an eyebrow to Brian. He took a deep breath. “Justin and I are getting married in… ten minutes. His mother and sister are walking him down the aisle. And I want the mother and sister of my heart to walk me down the aisle as well. That would be the two of you. What do you think?”


“Oh, Brian, I’m so happy for you,” said Lindsay, hugging him tight. “I’m honored to be the sister of your heart! And I love my dress, thank you…”


“I knew when you told me you let that kid top you that it was true love,” said Debbie laughing, “but I didn’t know you were such a fucking romantic. Shit, I don’t want to cry, my mascara will run, and I don’t want to kiss you and put lipstick on you. Just make sure you save me a dance so I can do both later. If you boys keep getting married, I’m going to have a whole new wardrobe…”


They were both wearing the clothes that had been waiting in their room. Made of the same beautiful grey silk and silk gauze, Lindsay’s dress was fitted to the waist and three quarter length with a beaded bodice and a sheer shawl. Debbie was wearing a loose pantsuit with a beaded top and a knee length sheer coat. Both had actually been chosen by Jessica, and she had done a terrific job.


They walked to the double door of the ballroom, and waited. A few minutes later, Brook came out and said, “We are all set, sir,” and he opened the doors. There was quite a din in the ballroom as people were discussing what was going on with each other, especially the people who had not been witness to the ‘engagement’. Jason smiled at Brian, turned to the piano, and started playing “Ode to Joy”.


Brian walked to the front, Lindsay and Debbie holding his arms, unable to pay enough attention to see more than a few flashes of people. There was Marcus and his wife; Sam, grinning like a loon, and Katie; and looking fresh and lovely, little Sarah in a pretty pale green gown sitting next to one of Justin’s roommates, Rory, perhaps. Lindsay and Debbie each kissed his cheek before letting him climb the podium next to Michael. Now that the time had come, that he had nothing left to do, Brian started letting his nervousness get the better of him. What had he been thinking? What if Justin had wanted to do things differently? What if Brian had forgotten to invite someone important to him? What if he hated surprises? What if he hated this surprise? What if he turned away and left?


When the doors opened, he was as nervous as he had ever been. Justin was looking around, seeming happy but a little puzzled. He looked towards Brian, and Jason started to play. Brian could tell exactly when Justin realized what was going on. His gorgeous face was suddenly illuminated by the most beautiful smile Brian had ever seen, and he looked at Brian with so much joy and love, Brian suddenly felt ten feet tall.


He smiled back at his love, all cares suddenly removed, feeling very, very happy, and watched him coming towards him. He looked so… beautiful, so perfect, so incredibly handsome. When Justin reached him, and after his mother and sister had said they were the ones to give him away, he took Justin’s hands in his, and that small touch was marvelous. He could not look away from Justin’s blue eyes. The minister was talking, and Brian made an effort to concentrate on his words, waiting for the important moment, the moment when he could speak his commitment.


“Brian Kinney, do you take Justin Taylor as your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, forsaking all others, until death do you part?”


Finally! “I do.”


“Justin Taylor, do you take Brian Kinney as your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, forsaking all others, until death do you part?”


“I do.”


He was smiling at Brian and had sounded so sure. God, Brian loved him. He felt so lucky. Did all people feel this happy, and lucky, and sure of the rightness of their decision while speaking those words? He hoped so. At this moment, with a most uncharacteristic sentiment for Brian Kinney, he wanted the entire world to be as happy as he felt.


Soon, Gus was there with the rings. Brian wanted him to stay, and was thrilled when Justin held him back as well.


As he put the ring on Justin’s finger, Brian felt a thrill like never before. Justin was his, forever. As Justin put on his ring, Brian felt an intense sense of belonging. His best friend, his amazing lover, this remarkable young artist was now his husband. He was no longer alone in the world, with only a family of choice. He had a real family.


He held Justin’s left hand with his left, and crouched to put himself level with the other member of his true family. It was magical that Justin did the exact same thing. They both held Gus’s hand on theirs, Gus leaned over and kissed their bonded hands, and his smile to each of them was so sweet. The minister introduced their family, Brian, Justin and Gus Kinney, and Brian thought his heart was going to burst.


“You may kiss your husband.” Brian was extremely happy to comply. It was the kiss that had brought them together, the kiss that was the representation of their love. As Brian held the back of his neck, a hand on his lower back, Justin’s body was melting against his, and Brian would happily have kissed him all night. He felt Justin smile against his lips, and knew it was time to desist. Justin’s eyes were dancing, promising “later, later” and Brian smiled back with the same promise in his eyes.


They walked down the aisle, and people were clapping and cheering, and smiling. Todd looked incredibly good, standing next to a radiant Jessica, Emmett and Drew were smiling, their arms around one another. He was very glad of the few minutes he was going to spend alone with Justin according to the Jewish tradition, even though neither of them was Jewish. Jason had encouraged him to do so, and right now he was so grateful. He was not ready to share Justin with anyone yet.


As soon as Jason closed the door of the yellow salon behind them, he held Justin against him, tightly. He needed that closeness so much, to feel the small beloved body tight against his own. They eventually moved to a couch, their bodies still touching, like they always did in the back seats of limos and taxis. They talked about the rings. He had agonized over the choice and was thrilled that Justin liked them, as well as the inscriptions.


They both suddenly felt overwhelmed at the same moment by what those ring represented, and by a need to affirm their commitment in more than words. The soft touch of their lips would have to do until later. Through it they could feel the flow of their love for each other, and the joy their bodies took in one another. It was both sweet and dizzying at once.


“My guess is,” said Justin chuckling, “pretending to fall asleep is not going to help us tonight…”


Brian chuckled too. “I think you’re right…” though he knew he would be counting the minutes until they could abscond.


Brian did feel some excitement when Brandon and Todd came to get them, because he knew for a fact that Justin would love the next event. He guided Justin to the dance floor, and smiled at his surprise. He had worked hard to learn the steps to dance with ease to “Save the last dance for me” and was able to relax. Justin was, as in everything else, the perfect partner, their motions easy and coordinated, their harmony natural. He followed Brian without hesitation, fully trusting him, smiling with pleasure, making him look much better than he actually was.


Brian loved spinning him, dipping him, and lifting him to twirl him, but then his parted lips were so close, he could not help but take them in a kiss, and had the hardest time letting them go. He was sure Justin could feel his erection, just like he could feel Justin’s, and that people would notice them, but he didn’t care. He was in love with Justin, and his body was in love with Justin’s.


When the music ended, they took another moment of closeness, foreheads resting against one another, isolating them from the rest. Soon they would go home and celebrate alone. Now it was time to celebrate with those they loved. The lights brightened as they faced their family and friends, holding hands with their fingers entwined.

 



 

Chapter 37 - Sharing the joy. by Conzieu

 

 

 

Sharing the joy



They had to let go of each other as they were hugged and kissed, and teased. Brian saw Justin say something in Sarah’s ear that made her blush prettily and laugh. Rory (he was pretty sure that was Rory) seemed to find her quite fascinating. Lilah hugged Justin within an inch of his life and giggled excitedly. Brian was assaulted by Heather and laughed at by Alan who was enjoying someone else having to put up with his wife’s exuberance. His other two partners and their spouses were more sedate, but no less thrilled for him.


“Congratulation, Brian!” said Marcus, squeezing his shoulder. “Justin is a wonderful young man. It’s good to see you so happy…”


Paul grinned. “You could not have retired from your wild ways for a better man. He is a lucky guy. I wish you both joy.”


The buffet was filled with food, and people started seating themselves around the small tables to eat. Music was playing for couples to dance to. Everyone seemed in high spirits, enjoying themselves.


Emmett came to Brian next, holding hands with a smiling Drew. He was beside himself with glee. He thought the whole thing was just too romantic for words. He had cried for half the ceremony, and grinned like a loon for the other half, and cuddled his husband throughout. Brian was pleased by the way Drew looked at him. Emmett was loved. He so deserved it.


Ben and Hunter were next congratulating him.


“Well done, Brian. I think Justin will remember this day for the rest of his life,” said Ben.


“Yes, dude,” agreed Hunter. “And good move. Professionally speaking, Justin has by far the best ass I’ve ever seen, and now it’s legally yours…”


Brian laughed. “Yes, Hunter, that was my main reason for marrying him.” Justin was finally able to rejoin him.


“What was your main reason for marrying me?” he asked, having only heard his answer to Hunter.


“Your delectable ass,” said Brian.


“And here I thought you loved me for my mind…” Justin grinned at him.


“Actually, Sunshine, I love absolutely everything about you,” said Brian, pulling Justin into his arms and holding him from behind, burying his face in his neck. Justin smelled so good. He was instantly hard for him, and moved against his aforementioned ass to let him know so.


“All right,” said Hunter not fooled by the maneuver, “gag me. I think I’ll go hang with Daphne. You guys make my teeth ache.”


Ben and Brian cracked up. Justin was leaning against Brian, and let out a happy sigh. Brian knew exactly how he felt.


Todd and Brandon joined them. It was so good to see them. They had played their roles perfectly, and he knew how happy they truly were for Justin and him.


“Todd, you look amazing,” said Justin.


Brian had noticed that as well. Todd was always handsome, but there was something different about him. Brandon put his arms around his lover and smiled. Todd blushed. “I think I’m just so fucking happy,” he said. Brandon nuzzled his neck.


“Happiness suits you then. You do look very well,” said Ben. “Soon it will be so obvious that you two are together for good, I won’t be able to torture my husband with his ridiculous jealousy of Brandon.”


“Then we need to do so while we still can,” said Brandon, looking mischievous. Smiling, he pushed Ben’s hair behind his ear and adjusted his bow-tie. Ben leaned over to Brandon, speaking in his ear, saying, “I give him two minutes…”

 

 

Todd laughed at their shenanigans. “You two are such jerks,” he said, shaking his head. Brandon had his right arm tightly around Todd, but his left hand rested on Ben’s shoulder.


“I only enjoy teasing him because of the direct influence it has on his attitude in bed,” confided Ben. “Until we met Brandon, I had no idea he had it in him. When I make him jealous he is truthfully and by far, the best lover I’ve ever had. I love it. I guess I need a way to get him to let loose without provoking him through his jealousy, but for now, believe me, I’ll take it any way I can get it…”


Michael was coming their way, his eyes burning, looking extremely put out.


"Give me a minute," Brian whispered in Justin's ear, and he let go of him.


“Hey Mikey,” said Brian, taking the newcomer in his arms. “Thanks for standing with me.” He gave Mikey a long hug, the hand on Mikey's back sliding just a little too low, and kissed him softly on the lips. Ben did not look too happy about that, and it made Brian feel good to give him a taste of his own medicine. He had a feeling the night was going to be a very hot one for those two. Maybe Ben would find a way to explain how turned on he was by a more aggressive Michael, instead of just provoking him. As Michael and Ben walked away towards the dance floor together, one could feel the sexual tension between the two of them just radiating.


Brian took Justin back in his arms as Justin said softly to him, "Well done."


The four friends watched Michael and Ben walk away, turned to each other and chuckled. “It’s going to be a night to remember for the Novotny-Bruckners,” said Todd. “Maybe they’ll actually talk,” he mused hopefully, echoing Brian’s thoughts.


“Let’s go dance too,” said Brandon to Todd. “I want to make out.”


As soon as they stepped away, Molly took their place.


“Hey, Mollusk. You look so gorgeous!”


“Hey, big brother. How do you feel?”


“Like the luckiest man on earth,” answered Justin, cradled again in Brian’s arms. Brian was surprised when she looked at him with a smile and said, “The amazing thing is that I think your husband feels the same.” Brian squeezed Justin against him, and kissed him behind the ear.


“She’s right, you know, I do.” Justin held his arms tight against him.


“So, Brian. I saw you talk to that Hunter guy. He definitely looks like someone I‘d like to be acquainted with.”


“What do you mean?” asked Brian amused.


She rolled her eyes. “What do you think I mean, smart ass? Tall, cute, killer smile… Daphne says he is smart and funny. Do you know how few interesting guys I know? I go to St. James Academy, for hell’s sake. So introduce me already. I want to meet him. He’s hot.”


Hunter was on the other side of the room and they could see him occasionally through the dancing couples. He did look quite dapper in his tux, and must be about 6’2” by now. He was animatedly talking to Daphne and LaShaun, laughing and joking.


“There is something you need to know about Hunter,” said Justin. For a second, Brian thought he was going to tell his sister about his HIV status, but shook himself. He knew Justin better than that.


“Hunter has a gift,“ said Justin, mysteriously. “Almost a super power…”


Molly laughed. “Really, Justin. And what is that?”


“He has super hearing.” Wow. Brian had actually forgotten all about that. It was easy to do, since it was so unusual, and they didn’t see Hunter all that often.


“Reeeeally,” said Molly, sure Justin was full of it. “Super hearing, eh?”


“Yes. I’m sure he heard our entire conversation, and will come over to be introduced as soon as he can get away.”


“Oh sure,” she said. “Across the room, despite the music and all the people yakking. You are so full of it. I can hardly hear you!”


Justin said in the exact same tone of voice, “Can you wave to my sister, Hunter?”


Hunter’s arms were crossed, and he was intent on LaShaun, yet he raised his hand from his bicep and waved his fingers in their direction, a grin on his face.


“Oh, my god!” said Molly, hiding her face for a second before looking at Hunter again. “You mean he heard me say he was hot?”


Across the room, Hunter chuckled and nodded his head.


“Oh, shit,” she said turning her back to him. “That’s embarrassing.” Hunter was making his way toward them. Once he was behind her, he leaned in close to say in her ear, “It’s not too embarrassing, not since I think you’re pretty hot yourself…”


She turned to him with a smile. “All righty then...” she said.


He smiled back at her. “But before I take you to the dance floor, there are a couple more things you should know about me.” He was looking at her, a serious expression on his face. “I’d like to get this shit out of the way, ‘cause if we are going to get on as well as I think we are, it would suck to drop them on you once we’re madly in love. Just so you have a chance to back off now…” Despite his flippant attitude, there was a thread of resignation in his speech, as if he’d gone through this many times with disappointing results. “I’m HIV positive, and I used to be a male prostitute.”


Brian was impressed, both by Hunter’s no hold barred approach, and the fact that Molly’s expression did not change in the least. After a minute, she sighed and said, “Well, I guess there are a couple of things you’d better know about me as well, before we fall madly in love, so you have a chance to run screaming now...” She looked him in the eye. “I’m allergic to peanuts, and I’m a cheerleader.”


Hunter considered her dubiously for a few seconds, then smiled and said, “What the fuck. Let’s dance.” They went to the dance floor hand in hand. A slower song was playing, and soon they were closely holding each other, speaking and giggling.


“Talk about a match made in heaven,” said Justin.


“I know. They would have lived in the same town forever but would have never met had we not gotten married,” said Brian in a tragic voice. “It almost makes it worthwhile, don’t you think?”


Justin cracked up. He turned into Brian’s embrace and put his arms around his neck. “Thank you, Brian, thank you for this, for all of it. It’s all so perfect. You are amazing.”


Brian looked at him. His short hair was gelled, his tuxedo a perfect fit, his angel face beautiful and full of love. He felt so blessed to be loved by that man. “Justin, I…” There were no words. He caressed his face, lost in his blue eyes and slowly brought their lips together.


“And that’s when Brian turns into a frog,” said Ted.


“No Ted,” said Blake. “That’s not how it goes. A witch turned him into a frog and the kiss turns him back into a prince.”


“Oh! right… What I meant to say was ‘and that’s when Brian turns into a horn dog.’ Now I’m pretty sure that’s right.”


Brian’s cock was hard as a rock. He grinned at Ted. “Yes, Ted. You are so right…”


“Too bad. You guys can’t go yet. It would look bad and it would be rude to your guests,” said Blake, impishly. “So Justin, come dance with me before you two combust.”


Justin laughed. He squeezed Brian’s hand and moved toward the dance floor with Blake. Brian held Blake’s arm for a second and said jokingly, “Hands above the waist at all times, and a hand's width between the chests…” Blake laughed at him and grabbed Justin’s ass, making him chuckle.


“I’d say he’s already turned the frog into a prince,” said Ted, only half joking.


Brian looked at him. He was so happy, his affection for his old time friends was right at the surface and he had to work at not hugging Ted. Hopefully this lack of control was a temporary anomaly. He did smile, a much less guarded smile than usual, and admitted, “You have no idea…”


He knew Ted was no fool and that he was not about to take advantage of his momentary lack of restraint. Ted just put his hand on Brian’s arm and told him kindly, “We all deserve happiness, Brian, you as much as anyone. I am really glad you found Justin and were able to let yourself love him. It just shows how special he is. Though I bet it wasn’t easy,” he added as a second thought.


“No, it wasn’t,” admitted Brian. “But he made it impossible not to.”


Ted nodded in understanding. His relationship with Blake had been anything but easy, but they had loved each other from the get go, going against good sense ninety percent of the time. Brian grinned at him. “You and Blake are next.”


Ted blushed, an unusual occurrence that made him look about twenty years younger. “We’re already married.” Ted said, looking at his hands, obviously shy about it. “Blake surprised me, as soon as it became legal in Massachusetts. He took me away for a weekend in a B&B, and we were married by a justice of the peace. He said he was tired of my acting like he was more than I deserved, that it was time for me to realize he was the lucky one.” He looked at Brian. “Nobody else knows. It was… the best day of my life.”


Brian could think of many retorts the old Brian would have made, all true, and all hurtful. How had he ever managed to keep his friends, he wondered, being such an asshole? Of course he had been there for them many times, helping, mostly behind the scenes when it was really needed, but surely they must have been tired of his constant spite? It must have been such a relief when he moved away.


The sad thing is that he would have been just as touched that Ted would trust him with something evidently so precious to him, but he would have considered it a chink in his armor to admit it. Fuck that. He no longer needed any armor. His strength was his love for the cute little blond goofing off on the dance floor with this man’s partner. So he just smiled at Ted and said, ”I know exactly what you mean.”


They both looked at the sexy boys they had married having a great time dancing. They were young, they were hot, and both could really move. They had both at some point gotten rid of their jackets, as had most of the gay men on the dance floor. Brian decided he needed to dance with the important ladies in his life before the music went into club mode. He had hired one of the DJ’s from Essengy and had asked for a full hour of ‘wedding music’, but he could tell Geoff was slipping already. He signaled Brooke discreetly, and asked him to remind Geoff to keep it tame for at least another half hour or so, and then went to ask Jessica to dance.


She was sitting with Plexus people: Sam, his wife Katie, Spaz Spencer the cameraman (who was wearing a powder blue tux with dark blue piping and a ruffled shirt), Chris Hartman the still photographer, Adam Jewett the director, and Erica Young, the makeup girl. Aside from Sam, Brian knew none of them had had any idea what this mandatory evening had been about. It had to have been obvious when they had been taken to the ballroom that it was a wedding, but they had had no clue as to whose.


When Brian had walked up the aisle, they still had not known who the other party would be and had probably resented being forced to attend the Asshole’s nuptials. When Justin had come in with his mother and sister, you probably could have knocked them over with a feather, but at least, at that point, Brian figured they probably had been glad to be there. Everyone loved Justin, even if at that point, they probably felt sorry for him…


“Congratulation, Brian,” said Adam. “You certainly played that one close to the vest.”


Brian realized that most of the small tables around were occupied by other Plexus people, and that all of them were turned toward him at that point. He figured he was not going to be able to just grab Jessica and leave without a modicum of explanation.


“Justin and I have been together since before the Clearlife commercial was made, since before he was hired by the Art Department. We agreed to keep our relationship under wraps, so there would be no awkwardness around him at work.” He smiled evilly. “We both know how much you guys love me at times, and he didn’t want to be caught in the middle, or be treated differently. I hope the fact that he is my husband will not change the way you guys think of him. He had no clue this was coming, and I’m pretty sure he hasn’t thought of the repercussions at work yet.”


Julie said, from a neighboring table, “Justin’s great. Nobody will blame him for his awful taste in men…” Brian knew Julie actually liked him well enough, so he had no problem laughing with everybody at her remark.


“Justin’s cool, man. Gif-ted.” Spaz grinned. “Cute too. If I bent that way, I’d be all over him. But you’re effing brilliant too, dude, so, it kinda makes sense. More power to both of you. It has not a fucking thing to do with work.”


Just then, Sarah, who had been dancing with Andrew, stopped next to Brian. “Congratulations, Mr. Kinney. I’m so happy for you both,” and she gave him a hug.


He hugged her back and kissed her cheek. “Thank you, Sarah. It means a lot.”


She went back to dancing and he realized from the astounded looks on some of the members of the Art Department’s faces that that small interaction had probably done more in his and Justin’s favor than a lot of explanation. Everybody knew he had gleefully reduced Sarah to tears in her first week, and had treated her like crap for two years. If she could find it in her heart to be happy for Justin and him, so should they. And he’d actually been nice to her!


He gave them all a sadistic grin. “Don’t let my mellow attitude on this perfect day fool you people. I’m still the Asshole.” They were all shocked into laughing. He picked up Jessica’s hand. “My lady, would you care to dance?”


“I would love to.” She smiled at him. They both had worked hard to pull off this perfect evening and they were both very happy with the results. Brook had evidently spoken to Geoff. “Stand By Me” came on. Brian thought the money he had paid for his dance lessons had been wisely invested as he gracefully led Jessica around.


“Thank you, Brian, for allowing me to be part of this day. At the time of Jason’s marriage, he and I were estranged. I am just so happy to have had a chance to do this for two of my boys.”


Brian was really touched. He had always considered she was doing it for Justin’s sake. “You have no idea how much it means to me to be included as one of your boys…”


“You have been one of my boys since the day I came to tease you at your office.” She laughed her lovely laugh. “I realized how in love you were with Justin, and how deluded about your own feelings.” She smiled at him fondly. “The five of you each have your battles to fight, but Brian, you have come the furthest. You were in such denial, had so many walls up, and you were so weary. I don’t think anyone but Justin could have ever reached you, touched your hidden heart the way he did.”


She sighed happily. “Waking up this silly grandiose apartment for this day has been so much fun. But then again, I’ve had more fun since meeting Justin Taylor than I have had in the seven years since Arthur’s death. The five of you have brought so much joy to my life.”


Brian spun her elegantly, making her beautiful dress flare out at the bottom. She laughed, delighted. Brian took her gloved hand again. “You are wearing the dress Justin imagined for you in your portrait,” he remarked, having only now noticed the long green gloves, though a green gauzy shawl replaced the ribbon she held in the painting.


She smiled. “Yes. I had it made. I love it. Isn’t it so glamorous? Speaking of glamorous, did you see LaShaun? Doesn’t he look amazing?”


“He does,” acknowledged Brian. “I think LaShaun has started on a journey that will surprise a lot of people. Another person touched by Justin’s loving kindness.” Brian knew she would understand what he said next. “I am the luckiest man on earth, Jessica. I have no idea what I did to deserve him.”


Jessica looked at him with open affection. “Don’t be silly, Brian. You are brilliant professionally, you have kept friends for years, you have a beautiful son who adores you, and you are the definition of hot. Justin rightfully admires you as well as loves you. He feels like the luckiest man on earth, and he should. You deserve each other.” Brian thanked her with a smile.


They both watched Justin, who was dancing with his mother. Brian had actually never met her, and he really should. He‘d just married her son, after all… Somehow, he resented her for her lack of support to Justin, for choosing her jerk of a husband over her beautiful son, for sending her daughter to St. James Academy when they had treated her son like a second-class citizen. But if Justin could forgive her and overlook it all, so should he. The song came to an end.


“Walk me to Todd, my dear,” requested Jessica. “I want to dance with him next. He looks good enough to eat.”


Justin was still talking to his mom. Brian took a deep breath and joined them. Justin saw him coming and smiled, the kind of smile that made Brian’s heart melt.


“Mom,” he said, “I’m sorry you didn’t meet each other before, but here he is now. Meet my husband, Brian Kinney.”


That sounded so damn good. Brian smiled at Justin, who knew exactly what he was smiling about and smiled back. They were married…


“Mrs. Taylor, it’s nice to meet you.”


“Nice to meet you too… Brian, and thank you for making it possible for me to attend today’s celebration, to be a part of it. It was extremely thoughtful of you.”


“I wanted all the people important to Justin to be here with us today. He would not have been happy had you not been here today to give him away. Would you care to dance?” Justin smiled at him gratefully.


“Certainly.” As much as he could see Justin in his sister, Brian did not feel he resembled his mother at all. She was thin and elegant, but had neither his spark nor his beautiful coloring.


She was quiet at first, and looking away. Then she sighed and said, “You must think I’m a terrible mother…”


Brian abstained from commenting. He looked at her, waiting for her to finish her thought.


“…and that I should have stood by him against his father.” She seemed resigned to his judgment.


“You paid his hospital bills, and for his undergraduate degree,” he pointed out generously.


“Only until his father caught on. And even today, I am here under false pretenses, supposedly visiting Stony Brook as a potential college for my daughter, who went to St. James Academy, a school that let his would be murderer graduate with his class, even as Justin was still in a coma.”


“I do not judge you, Mrs. Taylor. I am sure you have your reasons.”


She sighed. “Pathetic ones. I am a coward. I like my comfortable life, my membership to the country club. I do not have my son’s strength. When he’s not around, I even forget to feel ashamed.”


“Justin loves you. He is happy that you are here, that you keep in contact with him. Enjoy the day, witness tonight how happy he is, and go to his exposition tomorrow to celebrate how gifted he is. Someone nurtured his indomitable spirit and his love of art. I doubt it was your husband. Knowing Justin, he would want you to take pride in what you were able to give him, not beat yourself up over what you didn’t.”


She looked him in the eye for the first time. “You are right about Justin, but it is not his sanction I fear, it is yours.”


“I love Justin, Mrs. Taylor. It’s easy for me to be angry on his behalf. But I am not blameless. There are things that I have done that I am not proud of, and still he forgave me and loves me. The least I can do is extend you the courtesy of following his example and be grateful for what you bring into his life. Molly, like Justin, is a high-spirited, strong young woman. You know how to nurture that in your children. Would she need to, I have no doubt she too could land on her feet. It is a great gift you have given them.”


“You are very generous, Brian. Thank you.”


They both looked at Justin, who was dancing with Brandon. As he did in everything else, Brandon looked exquisite in a tux. He may no longer be in love with Justin, but he certainly loved him still and it showed. He was graceful, but one could sense his strength, and they were laughing together. Brian could not help but think about what might have been, had Justin met Brandon first. They truly looked wonderful together. But Justin was his, forever and always, had chosen him again and again.


Jennifer Taylor interrupted his thoughts. “My son looks happier than I have ever seen him.” Just then, Justin caught Brian looking at him and smiled, making Brian feel amazingly good. He wondered how much longer it would be necessary to hang around. He wanted to go home and love his husband. After all, most of the people here would also be at the opening the next day. Justin was having a good time, though. He had picked up Gus, who was sitting on Justin and Brandon’s linked arms, giggling excitedly, holding onto their shoulders as they danced.


“Your little boy is beautiful, Brian. He seemed to be very accepting of Justin.”


“My son loved Justin before I knew I did. Justin met him without knowing that Gus and I were related, and spent a lot of time with him, playing with him, taking him to the zoo. Gus already called him myJutsin by the time Justin and I got together. As a matter of fact, when I came from New York to spend Christmas with my son, in my adopted mother’s house, it was Justin who opened the door, my son on his hip. It was the biggest surprise of my life.” Brian chuckled. “Justin wanted nothing to do with me. He tried to escape through the kitchen. Thank god for our friends Daphne and Carl. They sent us out to get some ice. And here we are today…”


The song was coming to an end. He walked Jennifer back to her table and looked for Justin. Brian was done with dancing with ladies for a while and wanted to hold the man he loved. Justin was talking to Daphne and LaShaun. Brian decided to join them.


“So have you thought about what you want to study in college?” Daphne was asking.


“Uh… I think that's a bit premature,” answered LaShaun. “I don’t even have my GED yet.”


“I thought you said you were taking the test next month,” said Justin.


“Well, I am… but then there are the SAT’s and those look like a bitch…”


“They’re not that bad. Justin got 1500 on his, so how hard can they be?” Daphne giggled.


1500? That was… Impressive, to say the least. Brian had always been pretty happy with his 1420.


“What did you get?” asked LaShaun.


“1250. But she…” started Justin.


“But I was tired and had a real bad hair day,” interrupted Daphne.


Justin said in a loud whisper, “but she’d just been dumped by her boyfriend and cried the whole time…”


“Shut up, Justin!” She punched him on the arm. “I still got in at Penn State, and that’s where I wanted to go anyway.”


As soon as Brian got close enough behind Justin, Justin just leaned into him. How he’d known Brian was even there was anyone’s guess. Justin turned his face towards him and Brian kissed his full lips, his cock immediately reacting to both the kiss and its proximity to Justin’s ass. Justin smiled a sexy smile at him, and he wanted to just bend him over a table and fuck him. Just as he was thinking that, he caught Todd’s eye across the room. Todd just started laughing, somehow reading his mind. Brian smiled at him and wrapped his arms around Justin.


“Where did you go to college, Kinney?” asked LaShaun.


“Carnegie-Mellon, in Pittsburgh.”


“What did you study?”


“My undergraduate degree was in Advertising. Then I got my MBA.”


“Wow,” said Daphne, frowning. Isn’t the entrance to the MBA program at Tepper really competitive?”


“It is.” Brian was still proud of his academic performance in both college and graduate school, and it embarrassed him. He always felt that had he come from a different background, he would have taken it for granted, so he resented his proletarian pride. Besides, he felt since he’d been so successful in his profession, his school successes should have paled by now, but they hadn’t.


“Brian had a 3.92 GPA in college and graduated in three years, and a 3.94 in graduate school,” said Lindsay, who had appeared out of nowhere. “He would have had a 4.0 in college, but his Differential Equation professor, Dr. Prick Shippley, sorry, Rick Shippley, was a homophobic jerk off and some asshole named Matthew Corbin outed Brian to him. So Brian got his only B, though it was complete bullshit.”


“It was a long time ago, Lindsay.”


“I don’t care. You should have been valedictorian, not Corbin, and you know it.”


“It would have made no difference in my life.”


“It still wasn’t right, and I still want to ring the prick’s neck.”


Brian laughed, amused by the fire in her tone. Sometimes he forgot how important fairness was to Lindz and how much she cared. “Which prick? Corbin or Shippley?”


She chuckled, realizing how silly it was to still get angry about this. “Both. Every time I think about it, it makes me mad…”


“I feel the same way when I think about the guy who bashed Justin only getting 500 hours of community service for what basically was attempted murder,” said Daphne.


“See, LaShaun, that’s the problem with you being straight. No fag hag ready to commit murder on your behalf,” explained Justin.


“I’m starting to see that man. This fag thing is looking better and better. Well, except for the sucking dick part, and for the fucking guys part. And I guess these are kind of important parts, right?” He grinned.


“Right up there with the getting fucked by a guy part and the eating a guy’s ass part…” said Brian.


“Briiaan!” said Lindsay and Daphne at the same time, as Justin just cracked up.


“Kinney,” complained LaShaun, “I like you and Justin fine, man, but some images I don’t need!”


“You are completely hopeless as a queer,” concluded Justin. “I guess you’ll have to sacrifice yourself and stick with women…”


“Hallelujah,” answered LaShaun, wholeheartedly. He sounded so sincere, they all cracked up, including him.


“Brian,” said Lindsay, “Gus has fallen asleep, and Mel and I both had a really long week. I was just coming to say goodnight and congratulations again to the both of you.”


Brian turned to Lindsay’s table where Gus was deep asleep in his Mama’s arms. Mel smiled at him, and he smiled back.


“Thanks,” said Justin. “I hope we can spend some time with Gus before you guys go back.”


“We’re not leaving until Sunday night, so I’m sure there will be an opportunity. We will see you tomorrow.”


Brian asked, “Can I go with you and help put him to bed?”


Lindsay smiled at him. “Sure. Come on.”


Brian took Gus from Mel so she could get up. He was so limp in his sleep it was like holding a rag doll. They walked down a corridor to one of the bedrooms. It was very large, with a small sitting room where a beautiful mahogany cot had been placed. Mel gave Brian Gus’ PJ’s and she and Lindsay disappeared into the bathoom for their nightly girl rituals. Brian laid his little boy on his mothers’ bed and took his mini tux off. Gus woke up a little.


“Daddy, is the party over?” he asked in a sleepy voice. “I danced with Jutsin and Brandon, but I didn’t get to dance with you. I wanted to dance with you too, Daddy.”


Brian was putting Gus’s dinosaur pajamas on him. “I would have liked to have danced with you too, sonny boy, but it’s really late, it’s bedtime now.” He picked up his boy to take him to his cot.


“Where are mommy and mamma?”


“They’re in the bathroom, getting ready for bed.”


“I have to brush my teeth and go peepee, Daddy. You should always brush and go peepee before you go to bed.”


“I’m sure they won’t be long.” He loved holding the small body in his arms. Gus still had some of his baby plumpness, his cheek round and soft against Brian’s. “I have a great idea,” he said. “How about we dance together now, while we wait?”


“But there’s no music, Daddy!”


Brian took his son’s little hand in his and started singing softly,


“You can dance

Ev'ry dance with the guy

Who gives you the eye

Let him hold you tight…”


He spun his son around and danced the same steps he had danced with Justin, Gus giggling when he dipped him.


“You can smile

Ev'ry smile for the man who held your hand

'Neath the pale moonlight

But don't forget who's taking you home

And in whose arms you're gonna be

So darlin', save the last dance for me, mmmm”


“That’s the dance you danced with Jutsin, Daddy,” Gus said, as Brian kept singing and dancing around the room.


“That’s right, sonny boy. It’s a very special dance…”


“You love Jutsin, don’t you, Daddy?”


“I do, Gus. Very much.”


“Me too. We’re real lucky.”


“Why is that?”


“I think Brandon loves him too, and lots of other people, ‘cause Jutsin’s so nice, and he has blue eyes and his smile is so special. We’re lucky he chose us, don’t you think, Daddy?”


From the mouths of babes… “I am very lucky. But he would have been your Justin no matter what, because you are the most special boy in the whole world.”


“But he wouldn’t be my daddy. Now Jutsin is your husband and he’s my daddy forever, right?”


“Justin is my husband and your daddy forever and always, Gus.” He started singing again and continued the dance, Gus humming along with him, his sweet voice amazingly in tune.


“Baby, don't you know

I love you so

Can't you feel it when we touch

I will never, never let you go

I love you, oh so much”


When one of Brian’s turns passed the bathroom, he saw that Lindsay and Mel were each leaning on a doorjamb, watching them with identical smiles. He ended the song and said, “Time to brush, sonny boy.”


“It’s mommy’s turn to brush my teeth. Good night, Daddy. Say goodnight to Jutsin for me, OK?”


“OK.” Brian set him down. “See you tomorrow. I love you, Gus.”


“I love you too, Daddy.”


Gus disappeared into the bathroom and Brian smiled at Gus’s mothers. “Good night, Ladies.”


Lindsay followed Gus into the bathroom, and Brian walked to the door.


“Brian?” said Mel.


He turned back towards her, questioningly.


“You’ve turned into a really good dad.”


“I guess you drank too much champagne, eh?” Brian joked to hide how much it meant to him to hear Mel say that.


“There is no other explanation,” answered Mel chuckling. “Good night, Brian.”


When Brian went back to the ballroom, Justin was still talking to LaShaun and Daphne, though Daphne’s grandparents had joined them. He knew he really should dance with Debbie, but at the moment she was having a great time boogieing down with Ben, and he wanted to hug Justin some more. Once again Justin seemed to sense his presence and leaned into his embrace. Brian could feel the heat of his body through his shirt. He breathed in his neck, and if he happened to kiss behind his ear a couple of time, it was completely out of his control.


“These are my grandparents, Brian, Nehama and Lamont Chanders,” said Daphne.


“Well met, and congratulation, Mr. Kinney,” said Lamont, his wife nodding in agreement.


“I cannot tell you how much satisfaction it brings me to be here,” said Nehama. “We so much feared for this boy’s life just six years ago, when he was paler than his hospital sheets. We didn’t know if we’d ever see that smile again. To see him so happy today and to be here for his exposition tomorrow is wonderful. Thank you for thinking of us.”


“I just wanted to meet the woman who made the gorgeous quilt in our living room,” answered Brian. “Its colors are magnificent. I love it.” He did not say he had slept wrapped in it for a whole month when his missing Justin had been like a living ache in his chest.


Nehama smiled. “Why thank you, young man.” Brian loved her immediately, as he would anyone who called him ‘young man’. He chuckled internally.


“My wife denies it, but she’s an artist in her own right,” said Lamont proudly. He turned back to LaShaun. “But to get back to our conversation, LaShaun, if you decide to go to Penn State, or even to Carnegie Mellon, we definitely will have a room and a job for you at the Christmas tree farm. It’s hard work, but the food is good, and we have two other grandsons going to college and living with us right now. It’s a family tradition for the boys, and we have yet to have a Chandler boy in trouble with the law or getting a girl pregnant or not graduating in four years, and believe me, that is not going to happen on our watch.”


“Sounds scary,” said LaShaun laughing, “but I’ll think about it. I need to move out of the neighborhood to make a clean break. I don’t know about farming though. I don’t know if I could cut it.”


“Well, it’s a bit more physical but a lot less stressful than dealing drugs,” reasoned Nehama. “And the trees smell so good…”


“And it sounds to me like you could use a bit of real family life,” added Lamont.


“And Justin and I would be your adopted cousins!” added Daphne, smiling enthusiastically.


LaShaun frowned and looked confused. “Justin?” he asked, obviously wondering how such a very white boy could be related to the Chanders.


“Yes, he looks white, LaShaun, but have you seen his ass?” said Brian, chuckling. “The boy’s definitely a brother…”


They all laughed at that, but then Nehama explained, “Justin became an unofficial Chanders when he was twelve, and has been part of the family ever since.”


“Well, just to be you guys’ cousin, I may just have to go to school in Pennsylvania. Though the lack of pollution might kill me…” said LaShaun. He was joking, but somehow one could sense how much he actually wanted it, a different life, a real family… Brian had no doubt he would take the Chanders up on their offer.


The music was changing, getting progressively more clublike. Brian figured he better get to Debbie before she sat out the thumpa thumpa. He said in Justin’s ear, “I promised Debbie a dance, and then I’m coming back for you, pretty boy.” Justin smiled at him, a sexy smile that would make sure that he did just that. Brian chuckled.


He walked to the table Debbie and Carl shared with Ben and Mikey. “Carl, may I take away your beautiful companion for a dance?”


Carl nodded with a grin. “Yes, but you’re the last one. I have yet to dance with her myself, so after this, the lady is mine.”


“Feel free to cut in, if you want to dance cheek to cheek. We are going to go into club mode pretty soon.”


“Cheek to cheek is good, but despite my advanced age, I don’t mind the club mode. Doesn’t that mean the lights go down and you dance grinding against your partner? I could definitely get into that…”


Debbie gave him a generous kiss, leaving him a little flustered. “I’m holding you to that, you dirty old man…” she said.


Brian took her hand and valsed her around the dance floor as she laughed.


“You did good, kiddo,” she said, smiling, when they moved on to more sedate steps. “That boy’s smile when it dawned on him what was going on was the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen.” She shook her head at him. “It’s going to take us all a while to get use to the fact that you are no longer the heartless asshole you used to be. I’m sure it was a progressive thing, but from afar it’s a shock, I can tell you.”


“I’ve finally faced the fact that it takes a lot more guts to care than to not give a shit. I was a fucking coward for years, Deb.” He chuckled. “Do you know what loving means to me? It means choosing to be scared shitless for the rest of my life. And Justin gives me the strength to make that choice, everyday. He makes it worth it.”


“You can’t tell me you didn’t love before. That’s horseshit,” answered Debbie. “What about Gus? You have loved that baby since the day he was born. And what about Michael, and all of us?”


“For Gus, the potential was there, but as in everything else, I took the easy road and purposely blew it, again and again. I gave up my parenting rights for fuck's sake. I was never there for him, and after I moved, I chose never to think about him. I knew in time he’d forget me. But that was before. I’m going to let myself love that boy…” He looked at her candidly. “But there was never any danger for me in loving Mikey. I could hurt him anytime I wanted, because I knew he always loved me twice as much. As for the rest of you, do you really think Ted, or Mel, or even Emmett even thought I cared? Only you and Lindz ever occasionally saw through me, and I made sure you still hated me half the time.”


He twirled her around. “And don’t think that’s going to change. I can promise you that I’ll still be a heartless asshole. It’s just too much fun to give up.”


Debbie looked at him and laughed. “Yes, but now, I’m on to you…”


Brian gave her a wicked grin. “You always were, but I could still get your goat anytime I wanted. And I still will.” He kissed her cheek and bowed, leaving his place to Carl, who had just tapped his shoulder.


His eyes scanned for Justin. He was dancing with a beautiful African American woman. Wow. It was Detective Hamill. She looked very different tonight than she did at the precinct, in her cop’s persona. Justin was making her laugh her head off, dancing some kind of modified Lindy Hop with her.


He spotted Scott, Steven, Alex, Rob, Curtis and Lindy sitting around a table, obviously having a good time. Brandon was dancing with Drew, and Todd with Emmett. Cynthia was taking a spin around the dance floor with Dwayne the maintenance man who was wearing an old fashioned but well cut tuxedo. Good god! The man could dance! He had the same professional moves as Brian’s own teacher. Brian wondered what the story was behind that…


The song came to an end, and when Justin had taken Detective Hamill back to her table he looked around the room. As soon as he saw Brian, his face lit up and he crossed the floor to join him. At some point he had put his jacket back on. He took the white scarf from around his neck, putting it around Brian’s when he reached him. Pulling on the ends, he brought Brian‘s face towards him until their lips met in a light kiss. Speaking against his mouth, his breath smelling of strawberry tartlet, he said, “I want to go home…” and then he kissed Brian again, kissed him like a horny Justin, his tongue in Brian’s mouth and pressing their bodies together. Time to go.


Brian took his hand and smiled at him, and they walked to the ballroom doors. Before leaving, Justin stopped and turned, taking one more look at the room. Brian turned back as well for an instant. Several people caught his eye and smiled, and Brandon, who was slow dancing with Todd gave them a little wave. They weren’t fooling anyone, but neither was anyone going to try to stop them. Brian reflected that those who knew them well were probably surprised they lasted as long as they had. It looked as if everyone was having a great time.


Justin opened the doors and they made their exit. They smiled at each other and ran to the elevator, skidding the last couple meters on the leather soles of their patent leather shoes. The doors opened right away and they stepped on. Brian had to punch the desired button by feel, as he had his arms full of Justin and his mouth full of tongue, with Justin's hard cock rutting against his thigh. He grabbed his husband’s ass to encourage him by holding him even closer, pressing his leg against Justin’s crotch, and attacked Justin’s mouth unrestrainedly.


They were passing the eighth floor when Justin’s body started to tremble, and Brian pulled out of the kiss, watching Justin’s face as he reached his climax, staring unabashedly at Brian through half closed lids, moaning as each jet of sperm left his body. He looked so sexy and beautiful. Brian supported his full weight for a minute until Justin regained his footing and smiled a slow, completely sexual smile at him that sent all of Brian’s blood to his groin. Brian’s cock was so hard it ached, and he could feel precome soaking his boxers. He closed his eyes and bit his lip when Justin pressed his hand on it through his pants.


“I am so going to give you head in the car,” Justin promised, squeezing just so… The doors of the elevator opened, and they stepped into the garage where Jessica’s limo was waiting, motor running. Obviously, Brook had noticed their getaway. Jessica’s maid opened the car door for them, smiling. They got in. The chauffeur looked over his shoulder and said, “Congratulations, Gentlemen. We have about a twenty-five minute drive. I will let you know when we are almost there.”

 

 

“Thank you.”

 

 

“Thanks.”

 

 

With that, a tinted partition came up, almost completely cutting off the sounds of the engine. Before the car had even pulled out of the garage, Justin had already undone Brian‘s belt and fly, and by the time they pulled into traffic, Brian's cock was engulfed in sweet warmth and suction, Justin’s laughing blue eyes watching him as he swallowed around the head and hummed, making Brian hiss in pleasure.


He closed his eyes, and savored the first blowjob ever given him by his lawfully wedded husband. Justin made no attempt at rushing or torturing him. He was just giving him as much pleasure as he could, making love to his cock with his lips, throat and tongue, bringing him slowly but surely closer and closer to release. Brian relaxed, trusting Justin to take care of him in the nicest possible way.


Soon he had forgotten everything but the amazing sensations coming from his dick, and was not even aware of how lucky it was that the back seat of the limo was completely soundproof. By the time he erupted in Justin mouth, crying out his name, he felt his orgasm from the sole of his feet to the root of his hair, emptying his balls, his brains, his entire substance down his husband’s throat.


Justin let the spent cock shrink in his mouth, nestled in wonderful warmth and wetness. Brian petted his soft blond hair with hands that had little motor control remaining as everything in the world returned to its rightful place. He could not help but sigh repeatedly, until finally the chauffeur’s voice came through a speaker.


“I am pulling onto your street, gentlemen. You will be home in two minutes.”


Justin carefully and lovingly tucked Brian back in his boxers and pants, refastening his belt, making sure he was completely presentable. Brian welcomed him in his arms, putting the blond hair to right, and kissing the pink swollen lips. They smiled at each other.


“I love you so fucking much, Sunshine.”


“You just say that because I give such good head,” replied Justin.


Brian grinned. “It does weigh in your favor…”


The chauffeur opened their door. They both thanked him for the ride and bid him good night. In the elevator, they stood on opposite sides of the cabin, gazing appreciatively at one another, while Brian pretended to try to decide what he was going to do to Justin first when he got him in bed. In truth he knew full well what he wanted, having fantasized about it more and more as this day got closer.


He wanted to eat Justin’s ass (big fucking surprise!) until his hole was relaxed and shiny with spit and Justin was begging for Brian’s cock and then push in, naked, able to feel again Justin’s anus opening around him like a flower, his bare true velvety warmth encasing his dick, the smallest of Justin’s motion sucking and caressing him.


Justin’s pants were tented over his growing erection, and Brian promised himself to find out later what exactly Justin had been thinking about on this elevator ride. On the top floor, Justin lifted the elevator gate, and Brian dialed the entry code. Justin slid the door to the loft open but before he’d had a chance to step over the threshold, Brian scooped him up in his arms and carried him over.


“Welcome home, Mr. Kinney.”


Justin giggled, and they kissed, Brian still holding him in his arms. Brian started to walk to the bedroom, intending on dumping Justin on the bed and attacking him, when in the soft lighting he noticed a painting. It was sitting on the top step of the platform and resting on the closed middle partition of their bedroom. One of the spotlights had been redirected to it for perfect illumination. He let Justin's feet slide back to the floor, holding him close to his body and stared.


A year ago, he had cruised Justin. In the next few months, he had flirted with him, courted him, seduced him. He had convinced him to give him a one night stand, then had pursued him into giving more. He had talked him into a commitment, charmed him into moving in, managed to have him forgive him, pushed him into being monogamous, and in one night had surprised him into acquiescing to be his fiancé and then his husband.


All along, Justin had come enthusiastically for the ride. Brian had not even been aware that somewhere, deep inside, he had wondered if he had just brilliantly sold every step of it to Justin, being after all an ad man extraordinaire. There had been an unrecognized spark of worry that he had somehow pushed Justin to where Brian wanted to go, maneuvering him, sweet talking him, manipulating him into what was Brian’s dream, but not necessarily Justin’s.


And just as this potentially heartbreaking realization came to the fore, in front of him was his answer. Justin loved him, heart, body and soul, with no hesitations, no apologies, no regrets. Out of everything and everyone on this earth, Justin wanted him, loved him, without the smallest doubt, the smallest reservation. Justin was exactly where he wanted to be, where he had chosen to be, now and forever.


It wasn’t until Justin wiped them off of his cheeks with his soft fingertips that Brian realized tears had been running down his face.


“Brian?”


Brian took off his jacket and chuckled as he wiped his face on his sleeve. “Help me, Sunshine.”


Justin took off his jacket as well and helped Brian remove the naked man from his wall. Then they went to their bedroom and took off the red painting, which they placed where the naked man used to be. It looked magnificent with their rug. Then they carried the new painting to their bedroom, hanging it in the most private spot in the loft, far from prying eyes. It was smaller than the red painting, and somehow made the room appear more intimate. They looked at it from the foot of the bed.


“Why here?” asked Justin.


“It’s the most precious thing I own. It’s not for anyone else to see, except maybe Brandon and Todd.” He turned to Justin. “I wish I could give you something that would bare my soul to you, so you would know how I feel.”


Justin looked at the ring on his finger and smiled, looking back at him. “You gave me tonight, Brian. I can’t hang it on a wall, but I’ll never forget it, and it told me exactly how you feel.” Then Justin playfully took Brian’s hand and put it on his swollen cock. “But in case you have more to say, or you really want to drive the point home, I’m sure you can think of some way to do so…”



To be continued...



Everyday LaShaun                                             

Dressed up LaShaun

Dressed up Hunter

Molly

Detective Hamill, all dolled up...

Nehama and Lamont Chanders

 

 

Chapter 38 - Wedding night. by Conzieu

 

 

 

 

Wedding night



Justin was having a great time. Brian had really thought of everyone he would have invited to his wedding if he had organized it himself. He was surrounded by the people he loved, friends, family, coworkers… After Brian left him to go dance with Debbie, his eyes wandered around the room. He noticed a very handsome African American couple. They must be friends of Brian’s, because Justin did not know them. Then the woman looked in his direction, and Justin had to laugh. Detective Hamill! At work, without make up and with her hair in a tight French roll, she certainly looked very different than she did this evening, in a strapless lilac gown and swinging shiny earrings… He walked to her table.


“Detective! You are a vision tonight…”


“Mr. Taylor! Sorry, I guess it is now Mr. Kinney isn’t it? Let me introduce you to my boyfriend, William Furch.”


“Congratulation, Mr. Kinney,” said William Furch, shaking his hand. “A pleasure to meet you. I understand you are a magnet for soon to be hospitalized homophobes?”


Justin laughed. “Not willingly, believe me. Please call me Justin.” He grinned at Detective Hamill. “I’ll understand however if you think that you and I shouldn’t be on a first name basis. It might make things awkward when meet in a professional situation again…”


“Bite your tongue, Justin,” Detective Hamill answered, chuckling. “I think you’ve ran headlong into bigots often enough for a lifetime. Call me Rochelle.”


“All right then, Rochelle, care to dance?”


“I thought you’d never ask!”


Justin took her hand and walked her to the dance floor. He had no idea what the music that was playing was, except that it was some kind of transition between the earlier old fashioned tunes and the thumpa thumpa of the gay clubs. Detective Hamill grinned.


“How in the heck do you dance to that?” she asked.


“It’s obviously a slow Lindy Hop,” said Justin, tongue in cheek.


“What do you know from Lindy Hop, and how in the heck can you dance it this slow?”


“I am a young man of many talents. As for dancing it slow, let me demonstrate…”


Jennifer Taylor had danced with him since he was a little boy, and had always known how much dancing cheered up her high energy son. One rainy afternoon when he was twelve or thirteen and Molly had been old enough to want to dance too, she had taught them the Lindy Hop. Molly had been small enough and light enough for Justin to do a lot of the tricks, and they had both loved it. Then their dad had come home from work, and had danced the real thing with his wife, both of them laughing. It was a wonderful memory. Justin blinked a couple of times, and swallowed hard.


Rochelle Hamill was a petite woman, but not quite petite enough for Justin to throw her around as much as he had his tiny sister. Still, they had a great time.


Justin had taken Brian last remark about coming back for him as meaning that he too thought it was time for them to make their get away. Justin figured a lot of the people present would also be at his opening so that whom ever he had missed he could catch up with the next day. That would even have the benefit of helping him with the anxiety showing his work always provoked in him.


He had put his jacket back on earlier realizing that just looking at Brian across the room was making him hard, never mind when Brian actually stood behind him with his hard cock pressing on Justin’s ass… His reaction was due to combination of how gorgeous Brian looked tonight, to the ultimate declaration of love Brian had made him this evening, and to the knowledge, causing precome to well up out of his cock right this minute, that tonight they would be fucking raw. God…


As soon as he had escorted the good detective back to her boyfriend, he scanned the room for Brian. Their eyes met, and Justin walked over to him. He lassoed him with his own scarf and pulled his head down, brushing their lips together. “I want to go home,” he said, and then kissed him, letting him know just how much he meant that.


His message was obviously loud and clear… Brian took his hand and they started for the doors. Before exiting, Justin took one last look at the room and its occupants. He wanted to make sure to forever store the image of all the people he cared about, in one room, celebrating their happiness, in his mind’s eye.


They left, and dropping all decorum, dashed to the elevator. As soon as the door started closing, Justin jumped on Brian. He was so fucking horny he was tempted to stop the elevator in between floors and have Brian fuck him right there, and would have done exactly that had it not been for the knowledge that their next fuck would be their first one without a condom. He wanted to make it count.


Brian’s mouth tasted so good, his body felt so wonderful as Justin rutted against him… Then Brian grabbed his ass to bring him closer and placed his leg more strategically and proceeded to kiss the hell out of Justin and Justin lost it, frotting against Brian’s leg like a horny teenager, unable to control the sounds he made that died in Brian’s kiss.


His orgasm came with the speed and hit with the strength of an express train. Brian had pulled out of the kiss to watch him come, and that alone would have sufficed to push him over the edge. He let Brian see what he wanted to see, completely unashamed of his pleasure, moaning through his orgasm wantonly. If Brian had not propped him up, he would have collapsed to the floor.


As it often did, this orgasm had just whetted his appetite for more. As soon as he returned from his orgasmic time out, he wanted to be fucked so bad he could feel his anus twitching in anticipation. He smiled at Brian whose cock felt like wood under his palm.


“I am so going to give you head in the car,” he said.


As soon as Jessica’s chauffeur had closed the partition, Justin kneeled in front of Brian who slid down the seat to bring his ass to the edge. Opening Brian’s tuxedo pants and unbuttoning his silk boxers was like unwrapping the best of present. He knew Brian had been hard for him all evening, and the musk of his arousal was the best scent Justin had ever smelled. He could not tease Brian, he was too hungry for that magnificent cock. Looking up at the man he loved, he took in the whole thing, swallowing around the head. Brian hissed in pleasure and relaxed in Justin’s care.


The blowjob was as much for himself as for Brian. Pleasuring him was so satisfying. His tongue swirled around the head, caressed the sensitive spot below the rim, followed the large pulsing vein to the base and came back up again, teasing the slit as he pushed the hard cock in and out of his mouth. Brian was leaking precome like never before, and the salty taste was an echo of the salty burnt smell of his skin. Justin sucked and caressed and hummed and even scrapped with a little teeth, letting his instincts guide him. Brian was unconsciously tilting his hips up and making amazing sounds of pleasure. Justin just lost himself to the task, loving that dick to the best extent of his ability. When the jets of come hit his tongue and palate, he sucked them out with relish, and it seemed Brian’s orgasm was never going to end.


Justin could not bear letting go of Brian’s spent cock. He let it shrink, cradled gently in his mouth, loving the earthy foresty scent emanating from Brian’s balls and the trembling hands petting of his hair, proof that Brian’s motor function had been slightly derouted by his pleasure. Brian kept taking deep breath and sighing, riding his afterglow, and it made Justin incredibly happy.


When the chauffeur announced they were almost home, All Justin could think about was that the cock in his mouth would soon be pushing naked into his hole, his heart raced like crazy. He took exquisite care when straightening Brian’s appearance, and sat on the leather seat.


Brian, a wonderful glow in his eyes, combed his blond hair back and kissed him softly. Justin smiled at him. He loved him so fucking much.


“I love you so fucking much, Sunshine,” said Brian, echoing his thought exactly, and Justin felt his heart might burst.


“You just say that because I give such good head,” he joked, trying to get a handle on his emotions.


Brian grinned. “It does weight in your favor…”


Standing apart in the elevator, they appreciatively checked each other out, as if they were cruising each other at some bar. As he had the first time Justin had come with Brian to the loft, he could feel the raw sexual power emanating from his lover. Brian’s eyes were full of lust, and Justin had no problem guessing where his thoughts were. He knew he was picturing what he wanted to do to Justin as soon as they were naked on their bed, and the fact that his desires were very predictable did not make them any less arousing.


Justin knew Brian was going to rim him to an inch of insanity, and then push his swollen cock in, slowly, the sensations not even dulled by lube, until he was buried as far as he could go into Justin’s heat.


Justin’s cock was swelling at the thought, tenting his pants. God, he loved being fucked by Brian. He figured that at some point in the night, Brian would ask to be fucked, and he would happily comply. Justin had even given some thought to how he would go about it, but his main desire was to be stretched and filled by Brian’s cock, and have Brian’s seed spray inside him repeatedly, marking him as his.


Their moves to enter the loft were coordinated like some kind of dance, and then Brian swooped him off his feet and carried him over the threshold making him giggle. They kissed while Brian somehow managed to close the door and disarm the alarm. Justin had no doubt he was being carried to the bedroom when Brian suddenly stopped, let go of his feet, wrapping him in his arms. Justin was faced with the painting he had set up as artfully as possible what seemed like eons ago, but was really that afternoon.


He looked critically at his own work, as he had been trained to do, detaching himself emotionally and analyzing the painting. He had to acknowledge with pride that it was unbelievably good. For some strange reason, he suddenly realized that he truly was an artist, something all previous praise and appreciation had failed to drive home.


This was his gift, his future. It was not only something he did for his own satisfaction, but also something he owed to share with others, and all his buried anxiety about the next day’s exposition evaporated.


Looking as his painting, he then let himself feel it. It was Brian, but Brian through how he made Justin feel, what he made Justin feel. It was his love for Brian laid bare for the observer to see, to experience from Justin’s point of view. It was the most perfect wedding present Justin could have given him.


Justin looked up at the man he loved and was shocked to see tears running down his solemn face.


“Brian?” He wiped the tears with the tip of his fingers, feeling terrified he’d done something to ruin this perfect day. He was reassured when Brian took his jacket off and wiped his eyes on his shirtsleeve with a joyous sort of chuckle.


“Help me, Sunshine.”


Down came the naked man and out went the red painting, replaced by the new one. Justin loved how it changed the atmosphere of the room, making it feel completely new and different. Out of nowhere came the strangely satisfying thought that Brian had never fucked a trick in this room.


“Why here?” he asked.


“It’s the most precious thing I own,” answered Brian, having no idea how deeply that affected Justin. “It’s not for anyone else to see, except maybe Brandon and Todd.” Yes. It would be right for them to see it. They were, from the start, the welcome witnesses to their love.


Brian turned to Justin. “I wish I could give you something that would bare my soul to you, so you would know how I feel,” he said earnestly.


Was he joking? Did he not know? Justin looked at the ring on his finger and smiled, looking back at Brian. “You gave me tonight, Brian. I can’t hang it on a wall, but I’ll never forget it, and it told me exactly how you feel.” Justin playfully took Brian’s hand and put it on his swollen cock. “But in case you have more to say, or you really want to drive the point home, I’m sure you can think of some way to do so…”


In an instant the light in Brian’s eyes changed from pure love to pure lust, sending a shiver of delighted terror down Justin’s back. Brian, staring at Justin the whole time, started to strip. Shoes, socks, jacket…


Justin hurried up and mirrored his actions. His cock head was peaking above his boxer’s waistband, where it had been since his mad humping of Brian’s leg in the elevator. He wiped the left over come from his belly with his undershirt and slipped them off. The bed was still in the middle of the room, and they stood, naked and panting, staring at each other across it. Justin’s cock was so hard it hardly swung as he moved, and his heart was hammering in his chest.


Brian looked like some magnificent predator. He stepped on the bed toward Justin who started circling around behind the headboard. Brian’s smile was feral as he stepped off the bed where Justin had been and looked back at Justin who now was on the opposite side, grinning.


Brian was so beautiful, graceful and deadly looking as they circled the bed, eyes on each other, Brian reversing the direction a couple of times, trying to throw Justin off. Justin’s adrenaline level was going through the roof, watching the stalking sexual creature preying upon him. His heart was pounding, seemingly trying to escape through his chest, and his cock was actually dripping pre-come. He felt hyper aware, and more aroused than ever in his life.


In the middle of a change of direction, fast as lightning, before Justin could even think, Brian pounced across the bed and twisting them around, tackled Justin, throwing him flat on his back and attacking his mouth, holding his arms above his head.


The first second of pure fear past, Justin’s love for Brian washed over him like a wave and he surrendered absolutely, his whole being soft and pliant under Brian’s assault, welcoming him, loving him. Brian’s kiss went from brutal to passionate to infinitely tender, and he smiled at Justin whispering his name, ”Justin, Justin, Justin…”


Brian kissed him again, that kiss that had always had the power to completely undo him. Then he left Justin’s mouth, and kissed his jaw, his neck, his hot tongue circling, his lips caressing and nipping, his hands running down Justin’s arms to his chest, his dry palms brushing his nipples lightly. Justin sighed and closed his eyes, savoring the sensations.


As they hardened, Brian suckled lightly on his nipples, and kept making his way down with more warm kisses, soft strokes with his lips, small darting circles of his tongue. Justin skin was covered in goosebumps. He was so turned on it felt like every touch would be the one to tip him over into the orgasm he felt gathering under his skin, ready to explode. Completely ignoring the weeping cock, Brian kissed his way down the Justin’s hip bones, to his soft inner thighs, nuzzling the full balls, running soft lips on the perineum, and reaching what both he and Justin knew was his ultimate goal and delight.


He pushed Justin’s knee up and apart, and Justin, knowing what Brian wanted, held them that way with his arms, exposing himself as much as possible. Brian sat back on his heals and Justin opened his eyes to see Brian’s hot gaze traveling over his body, and settling at that most intimate of places. Justin could feel its warmth on his skin, in his blood.


Looking in his eyes almost reverently, Brian’s voice was deep and hoarse with desire, “Justin, you are so, so beautiful,” and just like that, to his complete astonishment, Justin came, basking in the love in Brian’s eyes, the sweetest orgasm pulsing hot seed onto his chest. Brian’s hand caressed his face, “Oh, Justin…” Justin looked the man he loved and smiled. It was time to give him what he craved.


“Please, Brian, I want to feel the warmth of your tongue inside me…”


Brian took the time to clean Justin’s chest with broad sweeps of his tongue. Licking his lips, staring once again as Justin, he staked his claim. “Mine.” He ran his hands on the inside of Justin’s thighs, then leaned down and kissed the same places. Once again he nuzzled Justin balls, breathing in their scent, and then licked his way down the perineum to Justin’s entrance. It felt heavenly. When the soft tongue passed over the area in broad licks, the warmth seemed to spread up from there to Justin’s balls and to Justin’s cock which started refilling, then to his whole body.


Justin mewled uncontrollably when the swipes changed to circular motions, getting closer and closer to his center, until Brian’s tongue finally stabbed inward, pushing its way into Justin’s rectum as far as it could reach.


Brian ‘s growl of satisfaction and the way he wrapped Justin’s thigh in his arms, bringing his ass off the bed and allowing him to plunge deeper inside were so possessive they made Justin blush. Brian’s left hand was on Justin’s cock, just holding it slightly as it swelled again, and Justin could see the glint of gold on Brian’s ring finger, the same gold Justin was teasing his own nipple with, and the meaning of that gold made his heart sing.


Brian’s tongue was magic, creating the most unbelievable sensations, coming in and out of his ass, swirling around the rim, wiggling deep inside, and Justin could not contains his purrs of pleasure, but he wanted more, he wanted Brian’s cock, naked, in his ass, and started begging for it.


“Brian, God… yes… That…oh god that’s so goood… Bria… Aaah…” Fuck… It was so good, he couldn’t concentrate on what he wanted to say. He tried again, “Brian, fuckmenow, Please… cock in my ass, skin, only skin, now…”


Brian wiped his mouth on the sheet and let Justin thighs slide down so Justin’s ankles were on his shoulders. Brian’s cock was glistening with precome, and he looked at Justin for an instant, his eyes glazed in lust, before he looked down again at Justin’s hole. “So beautiful…” Brian’s voice was almost too low to understand. ”So fucking beautiful…” Justin shivered.


Then the hot, wet tip of Brian cock was at his entrance, pushing in, sliding in smoothly like no latex ever could, warm, so warm and soft and slick, and Justin looked at Brian who was biting his lip, watching his cock disappear inside of Justin, a sheen of sweat suddenly on his body.


Brian closed his eyes and tilted his head back, hissing as he kept slowly pushing into him. It was not the frictionless glide of a well lubed condom. Where the tip of Brian’s cock was opening him up, there was heat, which spread from Brian’s blood engorged cock to the stretching walls of his rectum. Where the length of Brian’s cock was passing the rings of muscle, there was a moist intimacy, skin to thin mucosa, the pulsing of Brian’s blood in his cock meeting the quivering of the stretched muscles.


When Brian stopped, buried to the hilt into him, the fullness was familiar, the burn, the stretch as well. But the moist heat, the connection, the fact that he could feel Brian’s heartbeat in his ass, the minuscule motions of Brian’s dick caused by his and Brian’s breathing, that was new, and completely amazing.


Brian looked at him with a look of wonder on his face. “Don’t move, Justin. If you move this will be the shortest fuck in the history of fucks… I’m that close. You feel… God, Justin. I never want to leave your body again…” He slowly backed away, and pushed back in, moaning with the pleasure of it and the effort of trying not to come, and had to stop again. Justin felt this absurd pride that he would be giving Brian such pleasure.


He put his hand on Brian’s. “Let yourself go, Brian. Just fuck me, and enjoy it, and come in two strokes if that’s what happens. Please, just fuck me…”


Brian stood still for a moment longer, and then, probably coming to the conclusion that there was no way in hell he could make this last, blinked in acknowledgment. With a guttural cry, he moved, short quick jabbing motions, each punctuated with a growl, then a final push, and a sudden warmth, spreading inside Justin in waves.


Justin slid his legs off Brian shoulders and hooked his feet behind his back as Brian collapsed on top of him. He could feel Brian’s heart beat against his ribcage. After a few minutes, Brian looked at him and chuckled. “Fuck, Justin, I felt like I was fifteen again. It feels so amazing.”


Justin smiled at him. “Lucky for me, you are not fifteen again, and that’s not the extent of your repertoire.” He moved his hips slightly, sliding Brian’s still semi hard cock further in. Brian smiled back and kissed him, pushing in and out of him, small motions at first, then with more amplitude as Justin could feel Brian’s cock hardening and swelling to full size again inside of him.


Brian ‘s kiss was possessive but gentle. He was resting on his elbow, and their bodies were touching everywhere. Brian‘s body was wet with perspiration, his cock inside Justin deliciously hot. There was none of the burning sensation at the rim that accompanied fucking with a condom, but just a smooth glide, intimate and perfect. Bran angled his hips and the soft spongy tip of his cock started rubbing Justin’s prostate. The softness of the caress, the warmth were the most amazing sensations Justin had ever felt. His cock was caught between their tight stomachs, sliding on sweat and precome, and Brian ‘s tongue was in his mouth, caressing , possessive.


Justin had never felt closer to anyone, never felt more open. Brian whispered in his hear, just saying his name over and over like some ceremonial chant, “Justin, Justin, Justin…”and he could physically feel Brian’s love, his passion. Their eyes met, and he drowned in the chaotic feelings of his lover, lust, love, possession, surrender, pleasure, thankfulness. Brian closed his eyes, and when he reopened them, Justin could see he was staring at his painting, “Justin, Justin… I can feel your love…” He looked again in Justin’s eyes, as their pleasure was building in waves, “So much love… you are mine, mine, Justin, forever mine…” and he took Justin’s mouth in a kiss again. Justin could feel what Brian wanted to tell him with his kiss, that he was loved too, beyond fear, beyond reason, wholly and forever.


Their orgasm, when it finally took them, was so much more than physical pleasure. Yes, it swept them in bliss, but Justin could have sworn that for that eternal instant, there were no difference between Brian and himself. They were one flesh, one mind, one heart, one soul. He felt through Brian’s skin, saw through his eyes, heard his own moan of completion through his ears, and he was sure Brian smelled his own burned saltiness through Justin, felt his sweet soft possessive kiss through Justin’s lips. They did not come at the same time, but simply shared the same orgasm, an unending journey of ecstasy, a sojourn in paradise.


When they returned to reality and Brian gently pulled out of Justin’s body, there was a new connection between them, a link, a tether binding them together, taking all fear and doubt out of the equation forever. Smiling at each other, they went and took a shower, washing each other, teasing, tickling, playful, laughing. They brushed and flossed, smiling at each other in the mirror, and Brian went to the fridge to get them each a bottle of water. They drank, and lay down in bed, Brian wrapping Justin tightly in his embrace, the fingers of their left hands intertwined, their rings touching.


They woke up several times through the night and made love again, and again. In the early hours, Justin took his husband, both of them laughing as he lost it just pushing in, coming as the head of his penis passed the second sphincter. But he rallied and kept his erection, staying still as Brian, on all four, took control and fucked himself on his cock, one of Justin’s favorite fantasy, pumping Justin’s orgasm right out of him.


They spoke in soft voices about how different sex felt without the condoms, Brian joking that it would be a while until he would get another blow job, because as soon as he was hard he would want his dick up Justin’s ass. They spoke about the ceremony and the party, about their friends and family, and Justin was amazed at Brian’s openness.


He spoke about leaving Pittsburgh where he had felt stifled by their love and expectations, their refusal to let him grow and change. He revealed the dichotomy of his feelings for Mikey, the biggest culprit, who loved him most but was most attached to his mystique.


They spoke of Gus, of their love for the boy, of their hopes for the future of becoming more part of his life as he grew up, of the possibility of either or both of them having more children.


They spoke of Justin’s father, of Brian’s mother, sister and nephews. Brian talked about his miserable childhood. Was it worth for either one of them to seek reconciliation with their estranged relative?


They spoke of the coming day’s event, Justin revealing how, for now, his unease about his art seemed to have disappeared, leaving only his exaltation at the prospect of showing it. They looked at Brian’s painting together, Brian asking Justin to Analyze and Critique it out loud so he could understand what that process was all about. Justin explained he had meant it as a portrait of Brian, though he now realized it was actually a visual representation of his feelings for him, as they were indivisible in his mind. He was very thankful the painting would not be seen by anyone but them and their two closest friends.


They decided to ask Brandon and Todd to the loft the next night, after the opening. They missed them. At some point they fell asleep again, and slept soundly until the phone rang at 10:00 in the morning. It was Bryce, at the gallery, making sure Justin would be coming by that morning to give his approval of the paintings set up, and announcing to him, as if it was nothing, that he had decided to delay the opening for the sculptor and the glass artist by a week. Justin’s pieces would be alone in the gallery until then, the show his first solo show.


Justin hung up, a little stunned. He shared the news with Brian who looked at him with a sleepy smile.


“Good thing you’re no longer worried about showing your art,” he teased.


“I might be feeling a tad anxious about it now,” Justin replied with a sly smile, rolling on top of him. “How about you fuck that anxiety right out of me?”


Brian rolled them until he was on top, his morning erection pressing heavily on Justin’s thigh. “All right, then,” Brian acquiesced with a grin. “But only for therapeutic reasons, you understand.”


Justin smiled at him. “Of course…”


 

End Notes:

The end... until the next sequel.

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=191