The Red Hoody by Britin4ever71
Summary:

Another fractured QAF faerie tale! Following the plot (loosely) of Red Riding Hood. Third story in the Beauty & Beast series and sequel to Jack and the Beanstalk.


Banner by Christie aka clride. Thanks a lot!


STORY AND TRILOGY NOW COMPLETE!


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Debbie Novotny, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Molly Taylor, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Ted Schmidt
Tags: Abuse/Child Abuse, Family, Minor Character Death, MPreg (Yup! Went THERE!), Out of Character, Rape, Violence
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Fairy Tale, Humor, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Melanie/Lindsay, Michael/Ben
Challenges: None
Series: Beauty and the Beast Series
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 58536 Read: 42530 Published: Jun 01, 2016 Updated: Jun 01, 2016
Story Notes:

Part 1: Deals mainly with resolving issues left over from Beauty and the Beast. Sets the stage for:...


Part 2: Life continues at Britin4Ever Castle. Brian and Justin deal with life and a very extended family within their huge home. But within the idyllic home and resort, there is something...dark. An alien presence has infiltrated their happy home. But what is it?

 

Disclaimer: Any and all QAF characters in my story were kidnapped and forced to participate in my story against their will. Some will seem very Out of Character.  However, afterwards they were brainwashed and their memories wiped of all events and returned to the very dusty shelf they were left on by Showtime and Cowlip and so forth. No copyright infringement is intended and no money was made during the writing of this story.

 

1. Chapter 1 - The Trouble with Timothy/Emmett and Debbie by Britin4ever71

2. Chapter 2 - Timothy's Surprise/Michael and the Munchers by Britin4ever71

3. Chapter 3 - Gus/Jennifer and Molly. by Britin4ever71

4. Chapter 4 - The White Tower/The Diner at Seven PM. by Britin4ever71

5. Chapter 5 - Homecoming. by Britin4ever71

6. Chapter 6 - The Bright Men. by Britin4ever71

7. Chapter 7 - The Red Hoody. by Britin4ever71

8. Chapter 8 - The Grey Walker. by Britin4ever71

9. Chapter 9 - Sweet Sixteen. by Britin4ever71

10. Chapter 10 - The Red Cloak. by Britin4ever71

11. Chapter 11 - The Big Bad Wolfe. by Britin4ever71

12. Chapter 12 - The Woodsman. by Britin4ever71

13. Chapter 13 - The Darkest Part of the Forest. by Britin4ever71

14. Chapter 14 - Angels And Fairies. by Britin4ever71

15. Chapter 15 - Epilogue. by Britin4ever71

Chapter 1 - The Trouble with Timothy/Emmett and Debbie by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

Oh God! It just keeps going! OK, here`s the deal! Part 1 Back to the Pitts deals mainly with resolutions  of events from Beauty and the Beast. It is split into two storylines to speed things along. Part 2 will deal with the main events of the new fairy tale.

 

 

 

Storyline 1: Follows events immediately after Jack and the Beanstalk

 

 

 

Storyline 2: Takes place a month later. Briton castle is established and Justin and Brian return to face their friends and foes in the Pitts.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Why won't this end? I don't know!! But to hurry things along....sort of...I have combined two storylines into one...kind of....flashback style. Hopefully I will have the next part up soon.


 

THE RED HOODY

PART 1 BACK TO THE PITTS

 

Chapter 1

The Trouble with Timothy/Emmett and Debbie

 

A month later:

 

   Brian luxuriated back against the headrest of the first class airline seat. A second later, Justin joined him in the seat next to him. Unconsciously and by habit, their fingers found each other and entwined.

   Justin had never been in first class before and was overwhelmed at the difference and comfort. For a few long minutes, he just sat back and luxuriated in the buttery-soft seat.

   "My God! This feels so fantastic!" he finally sighed.

   "You get what you pay for," came the sardonic reply. Brian was used to first class.

   Justin just rolled his eyes and smirked.

   Before too long, a pretty flight attendant rolled her cart down the aisle. She offered them the complimentary champagne. She could tell at once they were gay and was struck by their extraordinary handsome beauty.

   "My, you two make a handsome couple! So...what can I get you?"

   "Thanks a lot!" Justin said, "I believe my partner adores champagne. But I was hoping you had some sparkling water? Perhaps some non-alcoholic cider?"

   "We sure do! In fact, we have a few varieties! Which would you like?" She showed him what she had.

   Justin picked out one and she poured each man out his drink.

   "So, will you be all right? I know I've had a few other passengers who don't drink when they fly. It upsets their stomach. That happen to you?"

   "Oh...it might...especially on an empty stomach. But that's not why I'm not drinking. I just....decided to give it up for the next little while."

   "Oh, that's interesting. How long?"

   Justin smiled and took a sip of his cider. "Oh...about nine months should cover it."

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

A month ago...

 

   Promptly at 1:00 PM, Beddy, Randy, and Jack and his family arrived at Britin Castle. They all marvelled at the size and splendour of the place before heading to the big door and knocking. Ted soon answered and ushered everyone inside.

   Beddy and Randy didn't have much stuff and Jack and family had thrown their personal belongings (clothes, keepsakes, picture albums, artwork etc.) in a few boxes, packed up the car and summarily abandoned their house. The furniture was all rickety and otherwise at least ten years old and none of them cared about it. Plus, Jack's family had been at the presentation and seen the generous suite they would be living in and it beat their run down house in spades.

   Ted showed them all to the Staff Wing which they seemed to get to in about half the time they should have. Everyone was very happy with their suite and Ted left them telling them to get settled in and to feel free to take advantage of the Great Room and patio when they were ready. Signs would show them the way.

   The doorbell rang. Ted trotted away, went down a hall, turned a corner and skidded into the Front Hall.

   This kind of thing had been happening since Ted had got there and he was still not used to it. It made him a little dizzy.

   He answered the door. It was another convoy of people and Ted saw a steady stream of cars turning into the drive at the gates which were mysteriously open and inviting.

   Ted looked at his watch and decided to risk it. Time to wake the Sleeping Beauties.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

   In due time, they arrived back in Pittsburgh. After the tedious process of airport, they headed down town and checked into their hotel.

   They changed, had a shower which turned into a slow, sensual, shower fuck. Then they rested, napping for a few hours, and then were finally ready to head to their first and most anticipated destination: Liberty Diner.

   Liberty Diner was fairly full but winding down as the evening crowd was getting ready for Woody's and then Babylon. However, there were two important familiar faces there when Brian and Justin walked in...Debbie and a tall, lanky queen sitting at the counter all alone.

   "Emmett!!!" shouted Justin in great joy before he could stop himself. He rushed over to the gaudy Nellie who was dressed in a pink top and lime green pants that Brian was unaware there was a shade of, and hugged him.

   "That's my name sugar!" said Emmett, at first not really looking at who was addressing him. After his arms and lap were filled with hyperactive blond however, he tried to shake off his funk. "Well, aren't you a friendly fag! And so full of spunk and beauty! Your hair shines just like sunlight! And your spunk...I'm sure is wonderful!" he said naughtily. "What's your name, beautiful?"

   "But...but you know..." Justin felt a heavy hand on his shoulder and looked up into Brian's troubled eyes. Sorrowfully, he shook his head slightly. And Justin remembered. "Ohhhhh....right...you don't know my name. Oooops! My names Justin. I'm sorry. I guess I've heard so much about you, I felt like I knew you already. Sorry about that." He slid off Emmett's lap and onto the stool next to him.

   "Well, that's all right honey! Anytime you wanna jump your beautiful blond self into my arms you're welcome to! I'm afraid that's about as far as it'd go though, just to warn you. I'm just too unhappy to make anything work. Unless you're looking for a one nighter? Don't suppose you are, my sweet drop of sunlight?"

   "He most certainly is not!!" growled out a deep and growling, possessive voice.

   "Ahhh, no I guess you're not," Emmett said reflectively, not really aware of where the growling voice came from, "but after all my old friends either disappeared or left me by the wayside I decided to follow the advice of one who lived a fairly solitary life himself: Love is for breeders and straights. No repeats. Get in and out with the maximum of pleasure and the minimum of bullshit. No apologies and..."

   "And no regrets!" finished Brian in whispered horror.

   "Why, yes! That's right! How did you know...?" Emmett looked up finally and grabbed his chest with one hand and the counter with the other. His eyes bugged out comically wide and he gasped hugely. "Oh my God!!! Brian??? Is that you!!?"

   "Good to see you too, Emmy Lou!" Brian said, with his tongue in cheek.

   "But....but...but...."

   "Yes, we know that's your favourite body part," Brian said cheekily.

   "But Brian....What big arms you have!" Emmett cried.

   "All the better to hug my true love with," returned Brian.

   "And Brian....what a big chest you have!"

   "All the better to hold my partner to."

   "And Brian....what an exquisitely perfect bubble butt you have!"

   "All the better to let my lover top me!"

   Justin gasped in excitement.

   "Someday."

   Justin blew out in disappointment. "He's been teasing me like that for like forever," he explained to Emmett.

   "Good Grief Brian!! What happened!?" When I teased you about getting enough protein in your diet, I wasn't talking about eating an entire cow!"

   Brian laughed; a deep and genuine laugh that Emmett had never heard before and enfolded the queen in his huge frame and Emmett groaned in the pleasure of it. It was so good to have at least part of the gang back.

   "Oh, it's so good to see you again Emmy Lou! But forget what I said back then! It makes me sick that that's all you remember about me. I'm so sorry! Oh...and if you tell anybody I hugged you...I'll come back....and dye all your clothes black and white!"

   Emmett gasped in horror as Brian released him. He held a hand to his heart. "YOU....WOULDN'T...DARE!!!" he gasped out comically.

   "Try me!" semi-teased Brian, smiling ferally.

   Justin tried to get the rapidly derailing conversation back on track.

   "Emmett, you said you were all alone. Don't you have anyone to hang out with?"

   "Well, no, not really. After Brian left, the gang sort of broke up.  The girls are busy with Abe a lot. Michael and Ben are treating that Loft like a fortress and living a domestic life and never really getting out any more. Well...at least to Babylon where it's important. And Teddy...oh Teddy, he left for a job...oh, ages ago I guess and I never heard from him again. I miss him the most, I think. But I guess I'll never see him again." He sniffed dramatically. "I guess I never really formed any other close attachments."

   "Oh but we know..." Again Justin was stopped by Brian's gentle but heavy hand. Justin looked at him in confusion. Brian just winked.

   "First of all, I'm sorry I had to leave suddenly Em. It's hard to explain but I'll try....it's a long story. As for Michael, I'll deal with him. And Ted is..."

   "BRIAN!!?  Brian fucking Kinney!! Is that you!? And Sunshine?? My God, I didn't ever think I'd see you without a computer!!" screeched a voice.

   "I think we've been spotted," Brian said sarcastically.

   Next moment they were both grabbed and squooshily hugged and noisily kissed by Debbie from behind the counter. The two men submitted without a fight as it was inevitable as the tides and it...well it was just easier to get it over with.

   "So what the fuck brings you back to the Pitts?" Debbie asked noisily, "Brian...it's good to see ...your work...seems to have gone OK. More than OK, if you ask me."

   "I didn't," Brian said dryly. Justin gave him a gentle prod. " Uhhhh....but thanks."

   "Work?" Emmett perked up, "Did you go under the knife, Bri?"

   "Uhhhh...yeah...I did...sort of. Look, I'll tell you everything later but first I want to tell you why we're here. We're here to touch base with everyone and offer them all the same thing. A job of some sort...and a place to live in a palatial mansion in West Virginia where me and Justin here are going to be moving and live from now on. Will you come with us? Leave the Pitts and live in comfort and security forever?"

   Debbie and Emmett were staring at them in slack-jawed disbelief and amazement.

   Finally Em found a voice. "Palatial mansion? Move? Are you guys for real?" he squeaked.

   Brian sighed. "Deb? Do you have that laptop you were kicking around on?"

   Hands shaking slightly, Deb reached under the counter and handed it over.

   Brian quickly tapped in the web address of Britin4evercastle.com.

   Then he turned the screen toward them. "Here is where we live. And yes...Yes, it's for real."

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJB

   When Ted knocked on the Family Wing door, Brian was only mildly annoyed, but mostly at the circumstances because he preferred to wake slowly and then have a slow and sensual suck-a-thon. But it was not to be. Justin played good cop and told Ted not to worry and hold everybody off for another half an hour. Then he took Brian by the hand and led him to the shower where he sucked the burly beast into a huge hunk of submission.

   Promptly at 1:30 they emerged, washed, dressed in casual suits. Brian's hair was "messy on purpose" and Justin wore his in his now usually preferred fashion: a short part on one side and shoulder length and straight down like a golden curtain on the other to cover over his scar and bald spot.

   And it was a good thing they did. New arrivals were showing up with increasing regularity until soon a car was driving in the gate nearly every few minutes. They received everybody graciously and thanked them for joining their new family. They recruited Jack to help, who recruited several others and soon they had found the entrance to the parking garages and were clearing the nearly clogged driveway.

   This went on all week. The town emptied slowly and the castle filled up. It was clear that the town was now being transferred to them and soon it would cease to be. It would become abandoned, a modern day ghost town. This was bittersweet but Brian and Justin remained happy with this because it meant they had won. Their triumph over Stockwell's evil was complete.

   As the castle turned from a hollow and silent building into a functioning and bustling community, Timothy grew more and more panicked. At first, he could navigate the halls empty but as the castle filled up this became more and more difficult. More and more he was forced to backtrack and find a new way to where he wanted to go. More and more, even this was no use and he was faced with a nodding, smiling face some of whom actually wanted to talk to him! Tim shuddered. His face started to feel stretched with all the smiling he had to do back.

   Eventually there came a day when the halls were almost always populated. And this was just the people who were going to work the castle! Timothy felt a little ill when he thought about what it was going to be like when the boys opened the castle to the general public as a resort. The day finally came when Timothy saw that his hallway was full, the Great Room was full, the patio was full, and every hall had at least one person in it. In deep despair and full blown panic, Timothy slammed the door to his room, locked it and refused to come out.

 

The next day:

 

   "Timothy? Tim? Tim, hon, open the door? Let me in." Justin gently tapped on the door as he called softly and soothingly to the frightened man inside.

   "Who is it? Who's there?" demanded the querulous man inside.

   "It's me, sweetheart, Justin. And Brian. And a friend. Please let us in. We just want to talk."

   "What kinda friend?" the old man asked suspiciously.

   "Someone from the old village who wants to meet you."

   "I'm too old for set-ups!" yelled the crank.

   "Don't remind us!" yelled Brian, losing his patience, "Now open the door, you ungrateful old fart, or I'll personally break it down!"

   The lock clicked and the door opened a ways. "Well, since you asked so nicely," the old man said sarcastically.

   As the young people began to enter, he added, "Just the three of you though! And hurry! Hurry!" he grew panicked, pulling on Justin's arm and ushered them all inside like he was harbouring fugitives. Then he glanced outside in distaste and panic at the usual passers-by and slammed the door as if a horde of marauders was on the other side ready to attack. He was breathing heavily in fear.

   "Tim? Why don't you come sit with me on the couch?" Justin asked. He and Brian sat down together. Reluctantly, Timothy sat down on Justin's other side, casting distrustful looks at Brian. He knew the big man didn't like him but he also knew Justin would protect him.

   "Tim, what's been bothering you?" asked Justin kindly.

   "Are you mad, boy!!? What do you thinks has been bothering me!? I'm a hermit! A hermit dammit! How am I supposed to be left alone when I can't get away from anyone for 5 minutes?"

   "And this is just the staff!" Brian said joyfully, "Just imagine what it'll be like when the resort opens up! Not to mention the hospice!"

   Timothy turned a nasty shade of green and went kind of limp. His breathing grew shallow.

   Justin grew alarmed and hugged him and stroked his hair a bit like a puppy. "Timothy! It'll be all right! Everything will be OK! I promise! Brian!" he admonished, "You're scaring him!"

   Brian was unapologetic.

   Timothy eventually came back to what passed for normal and whispered weakly, "No. He's right. He's right, Justin. I've been thinking about that every day. It's my constant nightmare. But this place will fill up as it should. This isn't going to work! I need to build myself another little hovel and get away from here, preferably in the forest."

   "Perhaps there is another solution," said the stranger.

   "And YOU! Don't think I've forgotten about you!" Timothy growled. "Just who the hell are you anyway?"

   ‘You' was a young, pretty woman in feminine but professional dress, short blond hair cut into a bob, and large glasses that covered half her face. She had sat down in one of the chairs opposite them.

   "My name's Samantha," said the woman, "I had a clinic in the village. I have a PhD in psychology and mental health. Now...I guess my clinic is here. I thought we could spend some time talking."

   "Ohhhhh....I see where this is going! You're a Pee-sychiatrist! Well, you can shove your P-H-D up your A-S-S! I ain't crazy and I don't need my head shrunk! So you just...just get outta here!"

   "Timothy, that's not polite!" said Justin.

   "No Justin, that's all right," said Samantha, "That's a pretty normal response for this situation. However, Tim, I want you to know that very few of my clients were "crazy". They just needed an impartial source to talk and work things out."

   "Suuuuurrrree they did! How many times you give that speech right before you whip out the straitjacket and needle and I wake up in the loony bin?" asked Timothy, unaware he had switched tenses.

   "That has never happened," answered Samantha honestly, who did notice and made a mental note of it.

   Timothy made a distrustful, unbelieving noise.

   "Tim, we came and brought Samantha because you shut yourself up in your room and haven't been out in 24 hours. Now you want to go back to the forest. I don't want to lose you that way. Won't you talk to us? There's obviously something wrong. We'd really like to help," Justin implored.

   Timothy glanced in unbelief at Brian.

   "I want to help you, then," said Justin.

   "I'm fine," insisted Timothy, "I just need to be left alone. I can't ever...be...left...alone here!" His breathing grew labored as if he wasn't getting enough air.

   "Tim will you talk with me for one hour? If you decide it's not for you, you never have to see me again," Samantha said, "No straitjacket. No hospital. We'll just get to know each other."

   "One hour?" Tim asked sceptically.

   "One hour," Samantha confirmed. She knew she had him and was already sure what was wrong. All that remained was why.

   "Weeeeeeeellll....I guess so," Timothy said distrustfully.

   "Great! OK, Brian, Justin, why don't I talk with you in the Great Room, in about an hour then?" Sam directed. The two men got up and left the room. But Justin was worried and held back to listen at the door for a minute.

   "So Tim...why don't you tell me about your childhood," said Sam.

   "It was.....difficult," Tim said

   "Care to elaborate?"

   "Very....difficult."

   Justin smiled and closed the door the rest of the way. That was his hermit man. Sam was in for a hell of an hour.

 

 

Two hours later:

 

   However, Samantha proved to be gentle yet tenacious and relentless. She got Timothy to forget about the time and they talked for two hours. At the end of that time, she had barely scratched the surface but it confirmed what she had already guessed.

   She met with Brian and Justin in the Great Room and told them of her findings, some of which they already knew.

   "Well, he has the most intense case of agoraphobia that I've ever seen. He had an abusive childhood and eventually it manifested in a deep resentment and distrust of all people. Unless he was in an environment he could control, the world, his very thought processes were...are as frightening and as confusing as any maze. Up could be down, right could be wrong at any moment and any confusing turn could lead to a crippling dead end at any moment." She sighed. "He'd never survive this place when it becomes a hotel.  I recommend steady therapy for him immediately but even after years of intense therapy, I don't know if he could be cured completely."

   "But what could have caused this?" asked Justin in great distress.

   "As I said, abuse. I'm still not sure of the true extent of his horrors but from what I gathered in this short time there was physical abuse, causing him to hide, whereupon the rest of the family would forget about him, often for days at a time. I believe that's what has caused this intense desire to nest. He feels safe in hiding, in his own space, preferably a house. There were promises of punishments that never came and then out of the blue....Whammo! Same would go for rewards or presents. Often they would tell him they would "be right back" or in a few hours or whatever. They would be gone for days and he would be left alone, to fend for himself."

   "Oh my God!" breathed Justin in horror. Even Brian looked a little green around the gills.

   "All this taught him to be independent at a very early age. He learned to be on guard all the time and not to trust a thing that came out of anyone's mouth. All this has continued to this day."

   "Isn't there anything we can do, Doctor?" Justin asked, his gentle heart breaking for the old man.

   "As I said, regular sessions. He claims to have "forgotten" much of his past but most of this is repression of traumatic memories. As he talks, he does remember. And gradually as he deals with each episode, he may get better. As I said, though, all this may take years. Also, the influence of children, maybe one special child may help in his recovery. Eventually. And then perhaps in small doses. In the meantime, he kept talking about his "hovel". I recommend he be humored in this and a house be given to him, somewhere safe in the forest, as he desires, not too deep, but enough so he doesn't have to be in contact with the population of the castle, which I understand, is going to increase exponentially when you open to the public."

   "Yes, that's true," said Justin. "Oh Brian! Isn't there something we can do?"

   Brian chuckled. "You old softy! Do you really need to ask?"

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

   Well, of course Debbie and Emmett were recruited easily after that. Things were even more joyful when Debbie was informed that Beddy was already there, waiting for her and that should could choose to work with her or in a whole  kitchen/pantry area of her own and then see Beddy whenever. Debbie immediately Skyped Beddy and the two were soon giggling and screaming in delight as Beddy was finally able to describe what she'd been up to since she'd got there.

   Seeing that they were summarily dismissed for the time being, Brian took the opportunity to tell Emmett about Ted. Emmett was overjoyed. This news along with the fact that he would have his own Interior design/Catering/whatever the hell he wanted Shop and be in charge of any major redecoration in the castle made him only more eager to get there. He squealed and laughed the likes he hadn't done in ages and hugged them both enthusiastically.

   "All right Emmy Lou, all right!! That's enough!"

   "Ohhh...I'm onto you now, you grumbly old Papa Bear! You don't care! And I'm never gonna stop hugging you again, you hear me, Brian Kinney?" And he hugged him again and laughed for pure joy and because he'd won a lottery and a happily ever after that rivalled one of those hokey old Grimm's Brothers fairy tales.

   And Brian laughed right back, lifting the thin man up and swinging him around for good measure because the truth was Emmett was right. He didn't care. And it felt so good to be back in contact with the Family again. And he was just getting started.

   They gave Emmett and Debbie their plane tickets for a plane two days hence. They told them to travel light, forget about any furnishings as they could be sent for or replaced and that the suites came fully furnished. Knowing Emmett though, Brian firmly admonished that travelling light meant 3 suitcases, no more. Emmett pouted a little at that, but finally agreed.

   After visiting a little more, and a nice pink plate special, (the last ones she would ever serve, Debbie declared) they were ready to be on their way and go to their next destination.

   "So where should we head out to now, Bri? We could drop by your loft and see Michael. Or go see your son and the girls?" asked Justin.

BJBJBBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

Two weeks later....One week to Opening Day:

 

   "Tim! Timothy sweetheart! Can you open the door and come for a walk with me? We have a surprise for you!" called Justin tapping on his door.

   Timothy's door made noises as the locks were disengaged. The door was pulled open a few inches and Timothy's bearded face peeked out. "What is it?" he barked grumpily, "Slip it under the door!"

   "I can't, Tim. It's too big. You'll have to come with us. It's all right. We've cleared the halls. Please come. I promise you'll love it."

   "Hmmmph!!! Promises! Promises!" he grumbled but he saw the coast was clear and opened the door a bit wider. Justin smiled and came just inside and gave him a hug.

   "Humphh! You shouldn't do that so much!" Timothy said, pulling away.

   "Shouldn't do what?" asked Justin in confusion.

   "Call me...that...and hug me all the time."

   "Why ever not?"

   "I'm gay too, you know. I might get attached. I have feelings too y'know!"

   "Oh Tim, I didn't think about it like that! You know whenever I do, call you sweetheart or hon, it's because I think of you as a cherished grandfather, and I love you....right? I don't mean to instigate those feelings! If you want me to I'll stop."

   "Humphhh!!" Timothy's shoulders were hunched in misery.

   "Tim? Sweeth - Tim, what's wrong?"

   "I - remember things now!" Timothy blurted out loudly.

   "From therapy?"

   "Yes."

   "What do you remember?"

   "They used to say that too. I promise you'll love it." They were his parents but he steadfastly never referred to them as such, only them or they, and spoken with the utmost venom and contempt. "Then they'd hold said treat or toy or present over my head, play keep away, or just hold it and then drop it and break it. Once they brought a puppy home but whenever I'd reach for the door they'd drive out of reach. When I finally gave up they drove it back to the pound. They never kept a single one of their stinking promises! I never got to have a dog. I never got to love hi-...They never..." And then Timothy's shoulders were heaving with shuddering sobs.

   "Justin was wide-eyed with horror. His heart was cut to ribbons. His feet had a mind of their own and before he knew he had moved in and had wrapped Timothy in a huge hug. "Oh Tim! Oh, my treasure! Oh my darling! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! It's all right! Everything's all right now!" And then there was just gentle rocking and Justin whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

   Timothy had been undergoing intense therapy sessions 3 times a week with Sam and a lot of memories had bubbled to the surface and slowly he was opening up. At the same time, he'd have relapses, fits of rage, depression and insecurity. In these times, he'd refuse to open his door, often for days at a time. He remained ever vigilant, distrustful, and highly agoraphobic.

   "Timothy, listen to me. Are you listening?" Justin asked, after they had shared some tears.

   "Yes," answered Timothy.

   "You know by now what this castle is called. What is it?"

   Britin...For...ever," Timothy said, sniffling.

   "That's right. And I swear on the love Brian and I share...forever...that I will never do that to you. All my promises are true and I will never disappoint you. I promise. Do you believe this?"

   "Yes. OK, I will believe it,' said Timothy but Justin could see it was still a struggle for him.

   "That's my good man. Are you ready to go see your surprise now?" Justin kept an arm around him and led him toward the door.

   "Yeah, I guess," Tim answered, seeing he really didn't have a choice anyway. He squirmed a bit. "I dunno though...Shouldn't get attached....I dunno...."

   "Oh sorry, Tim! I forgot! I can always..." Justin started to release him.

   "I didn't say to stop!" Timothy bitched.

   Justin threw back his head and laughed a laugh as rich as dark chocolate as he led his friend from the apartment, one arm firmly around his shoulder.

TBC

 

 

 

End Notes:

A/N: Ok well this wasn't a very good "cliffy" so to speak. It's painfully obvious what Timothy's surprise is but since we're creeping up on 4,800 words, I thought I'd cut you guys a break and save it for its own scene. I also was going to let you guys choose between Mike or Gus but since hopefully I'll address them both and a few other issues next chapter, I decided against it. I'll work on next chapter a bit harder and hope to have it up soon. Good night. PLEASE REVIEW! It makes me happy!

 

Chapter 2 - Timothy's Surprise/Michael and the Munchers by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

 

Dedicated to: TAG....Just because!

 

 

THE RED HOODY

 

Chapter 2

 

Timothy's Surprise/Michael and the Munchers

 

 

 

   "Let's get Mikey squared away first. It's probably past Gus' bedtime anyway," said Brian, using his son's new name for the first time and liking the way it sounded.

 

   You're probably right. OK, let's go!" answered Justin.

 

   They hopped into their POS rental car which Brian detested on sight. It was too small, was painted a hideous orange, and smelled like vomit on the inside. They had to keep a window cracked just to be able to breathe. But it had been the only thing available and Sunshine was far too forgiving.

 

   Brian drove them to his loft quickly but safely. His hands gripped the wheel at 10 and 2 so tight that his knuckles turned white. His face grew grimmer with each passing mile.

 

   "What's the matter Brian?" asked Justin, in concern.

 

   "Mikey," Brian answered, "From all the reports coming in, I'm wondering what happened. I don't know what to expect when we get there but it might not be good. It's pissing me off."

 

   Brian being "pissed off" meant he was angry, afraid, worried or all three. Justin said: "It'll be all right." A good answer, maybe the only one, to placate all three.

 

   Finally they reached an area on Tremont St. that looked like a bunch of spooky warehouses. But Brian assured Justin that they were all renovated into upscale loft apartments and that his was one of the most upscale of them all.

 

   "OK. If you say so," Justin said doubtfully, "Honestly Brian, what did you see in this neighbourhood to begin with?'

 

   "It was cool," Brian said, "Oh stop! It was!" he said next moment at Justin's pursed lips and impossibly wide eyed look of scepticism. "It was edgy and rebellious and cool. And I used the place as a fuckpad."

 

   "Oh you did, did you?" said Justin in his best jealous fishwife impression.

 

   "Oh now stop! I didn't know you then. I didn't know anybody and I didn't want attachments. Now...well, I thought I'd be glad to see it again but honestly I didn't realize how far I'd matured past it. I never really looked at the rest of the neighbourhood and I was home and buried in work or someone's ass by the time it was dark. So I never noticed, but you're right! It is pretty creepy!"

 

   "Someone's ass huh?" Justin kept up the fishwife routine.

 

   "Oh, will you stop! You're making my dick soft! Trust me, you have nothing to be jealous about. Remember the person I was. Remember the statues. Now imagine that with none of the experience I had when you met me. I didn't see it then but my guardian was right. I was narcissistic and cruel. I went through men like M&M's and if I had met you, you would have been no different. I would have kicked you out the next morning, crushed your heart into powder and thought nothing about you again. Be glad you didn't meet me then."

 

   "I am. "I thank your guardian every day that we met the way we did."

 

   "Me too. Well, maybe not every day but whenever I thi..."

 

   Justin shut him up with a bruising kiss under a streetlight. Brian groaned and ground their hard-ons together. Now it was Justin's turn to groan.

 

   "How long is this gonna take?" he asked.

 

   "Hard to say...Maybe...half an hour?"

 

   Justin smiled and reached between then and fondled both their cocks.

 

   "Fifteen minutes?"

 

   Justin squeezed again, relishing the hard length of his lover.

 

   "Five! Five minutes!" Brian yelped.

 

   "Still too long....far....too long!" And he captured Brian's mouth in another all consuming killer kiss and squeezed.

 

   Brian groaned in pleasure torture. This little blond spitfire was going to be the death of him.

 

BJBJBJBJJBJBJBJBJ

 

Two weeks ago:

 

 

 

   As Justin led Timothy through the halls of the castle, Timothy shuffled along slowly. Justin could feel him pressing into him for support and sometimes he had trouble breathing, hyperventilating a bit. Progress was slow. Justin could tell it was taking every ounce of courage for the old man to take this trip.

 

   As they reached the outside and then even further and further away from the castle, Timothy's confidence grew and he was able to shuffle along a bit more normally. The less people there were around, the more of a spring he seemed to have in his step.

 

   Eventually they came to a place in the high stone wall where there was a spray of pretty green ivy hanging down. They were directly across from the entrance to the maze.

 

   "Here is the first part of your gift," said Justin and handed Timothy a large, silver, old fashioned key with and ornately carved handle.

 

   "What? Is this it? Just a key?" asked Timothy sadly.

 

   "Oh, my sweet, Timothy, remember now. With every key, there must be a door!"  Justin said, and swept aside the hanging curtain of ivy. Timothy gasped.

 

   Behind the ivy was a green, wooden door with a curved top. It looked strong and it blended perfectly in with the ivy. It was perfectly hidden.

 

   Timothy rushed forward and fit the key into the large keyhole below the large silver ring handle. It opened at once inward and they passed through.

 

   "Whenever you come to visit, just remember, your door is directly across from the maze. But take care not to enter the maze by yourself, only with me or Brian to come with you. When you see the maze entrance, turn right and you will soon come to the castle again."

 

   "All right! All right! I may be old and a touch agoraphobic but I ain't senile! I know! I just came from that way, remember! Besides I hope to never go back! This seems like heaven!"

 

      This was the forest, green and vibrant, and before them stretched a smooth, wide, dirt path. It extended a little ways and then turned right. The two friends started down, arm in arm.

 

   "This reminds me of the day we met," said Timothy. He breathed deep of the pine scent and finally felt himself start to relax all over.

 

   "Me too," said Justin.

 

   The two friends continued down the path which turned right, left, and the meandered to the right again.  They remained in comfortable, quiet companionship.

 

   "I want you to know, only you, me, Brian, and Sam have the key to your outside door. No-one else will have access or even know about the door unless you tell them. I will make sure the gardeners always keep a proper curtain of ivy over it. You can be completely alone here."

 

   "OK. Why would I want to be?" asked Timothy.

 

   "You will see, presently."

 

   They continued down the path and there was a moment of silence.

 

   "I do hope you will visit us....from time to time," said Justin, "For example, in a few weeks, Brian and I are going back to the Pitts to retrieve his son and extended family."

 

   "Good for you," returned Timothy shortly. He didn't like hearing about family since he had none.

 

   "We want them here when we get married," Justin said.

 

   "Married huh? Bout time! Congrats, whippersnapper."

 

   "Thanks.....I'd like you to walk me down the aisle."

 

   "It took a few seconds for that to sink in. Then: "WHAT!! Are you serious? I can't do that!"

 

   "There is no-one else I want. My own...parental figures are much to be desired and will not be there."

 

   "What...what about your mother?"

 

   "My mother...my mother will be....unavailable. My father is dead and besides that he was ragingly homophobic. He would not have done it if his life depended on it."

 

   "But Justin...I...I can't! Look at me! I'm a mess! I hate being in a half populated hallway! I can't go to a wedding!"

 

   "You have three weeks or so. Sam had agreed to work with you every day. She will help you get ready. Will you try?"

 

   "Oh Justin, I don't know! I want to! I do! But I don't know if I can. I don't know it I have the strength!"

 

   "You are stronger than you give yourself credit for Timothy. Well, here we are."

 

   Timothy gasped again. H held his heart and nearly fell over in surprise. Of course, Justin would have none of that, but really! These boys would be the death of him!

 

   The path opened up into a wide clearing and in the center was a small, square, stone cottage. The roof was shingled and wood but the rest was made out of stone and mortar. The door was blue and curved on the top with a ring handle. There was a round peephole window that was barred and could only be opened from the inside. There was a covered porch.

 

   "Justin! Is this for me?" Timothy said in tears.

 

   "Of course. Close enough for us to visit but back into the forest enough for you to feel safe. Do you like it?"

 

   "I surely do. Why, this is the best hovel I've ever lived in!"

 

   "Tim! I would never! This is a cottage! As long as I'm around, you will never know anything less than the best or go without again! Understand?"

 

   "OK, Justin. Thank you."

 

   They went inside. It was one big room downstairs with a loft type bedroom along the left side. The loft was easily accessible by a spiral staircase with strong handrails A large living room/kitchen and a small bathroom made up the first floor. The furniture was leather and all the best of Timothy's suite had been replicated. Turkish coffee maker. Walk in shower with safety bars. The decor was wood and was elegant but rustic. It was manly and there was no pink or doilies in sight. There were no pastels.

 

   Out the back was another, long comfortable porch with an overhang. There was a porch swing with a few removable soft cushions.

 

   And out in the back yard was an enormous garden, already planted with in season vegetables and fruits. Flowers were plentiful. There was a composter.

 

   Timothy was transported with joy. He had never before had such a garden and had always scraped for a living in a too small garden and the odd mushroom or two. This would sustain him forever.

 

   "I can have a man come help you garden. He will not bother you otherwise," offered Justin.

 

   "I'll think about it. Thank you Justin."

 

   "You're welcome."

 

   "And...I will walk you down the aisle. At least...I will try. I'll work with Sam really hard. I will try."

 

   "Thank you Timothy! That means so much and don't worry!" Justin's eyes bored into him with a holy blue fire that was both beautiful and terrible to behold. "I will have faith. I will have faith for the both of us that you will succeed."

 

 

 

Timothy's old hovel:  http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/historic-gold-miners-stone-cottage-graeme-knox.jpg

 

Timothy's new stone cottage: (Sorry, it's a little different but you'll just have to imagine in the differences.)http://marykramerdesignstudio.com/Mary_Kramer_Design_Studio/Stone_Cottage_files/Stone%20cottage.jpg

 

 

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   A minute or so later after Brian's tongue finished preluding what his dick was going to do to Justin, Brian and Justin finally headed up to the front door to Brian's loft building.

 

   Brian opened what looked like a rusty old fusebox and revealed a high tech numbered keypad. He punched in a number sequence. There was a annoying buzzing sound and a red light flashed. Brian frowned.

 

   "What's wrong?"

 

   "Seems Em and Deb weren't exaggerating. My code doesn`t work."

 

   "Are you sure you entered it correctly?"

 

   "Yes. But I'll try it again." He did so, punching two numbers at a time. But again the buzzer sounded and the red light flashed.

 

   "Nope. Definitely changed. That wasn't necessary."

 

   Brian pulled on the number pad and it swung open on noiseless hinges. Under this one was another pad that was an intercom pad going by apartment.

 

   "Neat!"Justin exclaimed.

 

   Brian smirked. "Told you it was cool," he said. He pressed a button for the only apartment on the fourth floor.

 

   "Who is it?" came a gruff and distrustful voice.

 

   "Open the door Mikey. It's Brian. I've come home."

 

   "Brian! No way!"

 

   "Yes way, Mikey...so open up!"

 

   "Uhhh...no Brian, that's not what I mean. I mean, no way, I'm not opening up! I know you think this loft is still yours but you've been gone a long time and we've made a home here. We...I'd kind of given up hope on you Brian. This is my loft now."

 

   "Mikey..." Brian growled, "I told you I'd be back in a year. It has been almost...exactly one year. You have been my guest in MY loft up until now. Do not make me regret my decision."

 

   "Mikey, don't be a dick! It's been a good run but he's back now! Just open the door now!" admonished a voice in the background.

 

   "NO! I won't let this go! I can't! This was the best thing that ever happened to me and I'm not letting go of it!"

 

   "I thought I was the best thing that happened to you." said the voice, sounding affronted.

 

   "Hey, Lucy! Ricky! Do you mind working out your shit on your own time!? Open the goddam door and let us in so we can discuss this like adults! It's freezing out here!"

 

   "Look, Brian, I'm sorry but I didn't think you were ever coming back. I had you declared legally dead a little while ago and applied to have the deed transferred into my name. By tomorrow, this loft will be mine free and clear."

 

   "Mikey! That's not only completely despicable but how do you think you are going to pay for all this? Who do you think was paying the utilities every month. Elves!?"

 

   "I started my own business a while back. "It'll be a struggle but I'll give it a go. I'm sorry Brian. Bye." He clicked off.

 

   Brian was so mad that he felt he could have reverted back into the Beast. He looked ready to explode.  His breathing grew growly and he clasped his hands into fists a few times. Then he buzzed again.

 

   "Brian, go away or I'll call the cops. This is harassment. I told you, it's too late. By tomorrow everything will be over."

 

   Brian's voice was as icy as the arctic. "I just wanted you to know, that I'll be at the Diner at 7 pm tomorrow. Feel free to come by and discuss your future. I'll also accept your apology. However, be prompt. At 7:05 this offer runs out."

 

   "They heard Michael snickering as he clicked off a second time.

 

   Brian closed the "fusebox" and dragged Justin back to the car.

 

   "Where are we going?" Justin asked.

 

   "Back to the hotel of course. Looks like I have a few phone calls to make and I want to be comfortable when I do so."

 

   "But what can we do? You heard him. By tomorrow it will be too late."

 

   "Sunshine, we're fabulously wealthy. And tomorrow isn't tomorrow, until....tomorrow."

 

   They drove back to the hotel as fast as possible while still being safe.

 

Brian began to make his calls and went on the internet. It was past business hours but once he mentioned who it was, he was transferred to a person in charge right away. Being fabulously wealthy had its privileges.

 

   Brian paid up and closed his accounts with the power company, water company and the heat, effective immediately. He also asked them to send a copy of last month's bill to the loft, overnight delivery, at his expense. All companies happily agreed, thanked him for his patronage and wished him a good night. Brian did the same and then clicked off.

 

   Brian's next call was to a realtor. He put the loft up on the market, effective immediately, furnished. He told them to feel free to go ahead and check it out tomorrow, hold an open house and treat anyone living there as if they were squatters and have them removed post haste.

 

   "Oh my! Do you think that's a possibility, sir?" the realtor asked.

 

   "Anything's possible. I'd keep the police on speed dial if I were you. Uh... Just to be safe."

 

   "Yes sir."

 

   Brian clicked off. Justin watched all these proceedings with wide eyes and a strange sense that he had slipped into a kind of surrealistic state. The ease and calmness at which Brian systematically popped Michael's bubble and destroyed his life was truly awesome and terrifying to behold. He fervently hoped he never found himself on Brian's bad side.

 

   Brian's next call was to the munchers. After a few pleasant moments talking with Lindsay, catching up and the like, Brian asked to talk to Melanie.

 

   There was a pause. Then:

 

   "Yes, I want to talk to Mel! What!? What's the big deal?...No, Hell has NOT frozen over!....No, pigs have not started to fly!...Oh now will you stop!...Because I want to, OK?...It's personal. Look, just hand the phone to Mel, she'll understand. Oh, and I'll be by tomorrow to see my son. Say hello to Gus for me....Yes, Gus! Yes, I have been talking to Debbie but that's not why! We'll get into it tomorrow. Hand me off to Mel now.....OK, see you tomorrow Wendy. Bye."

 

   There was another pause as the phone was handed off to Mel.

 

   "Hiya Mel! How are you? Uh-huh....uh-huh.....uh-huh....uh-huh..............uh-huh.........uh-huh, hey look Mel, shut up for a minute. I didn't call you to trade insults this time. Well, we can do that later, if you want. You always were fun like that. No, I need to talk to you in a professional capacity....I want to know if you are Michael's attorney. You are! Great! Look, I need you to.....Yes, I know I know the meaning of client-attorney confidential....Look, I need to know if you are the one who helped him declare me legally dead. You are? Great! Well, I need you to file the papers declaring me legally....alive....well, that then, I'm not sure of the term, that's your department, isn't it?....Well, I'm talking to you, aren't I? And I'm coming over to see little Gus tomorrow, that pretty much makes me alive.....What do you mean that's not his name?....Well, I was under the impression you guys hadn't decided yet....Well, we'll talk about this later, I don't want to fight with you....What do you mean, I always want to fight? Look, we're getting off topic. Can you file those papers? Tonight, if possible.....Well, first thing in the morning then.....Because I'll pay you, that's why. How about..." Here Brian named a ridiculously high sum. "Huh?....College fund?...Sounds good....Whatever floats your boat, Melly. So can you do it?....Why? I'm selling the loft and Michael's trying to take over the deed.....Yes, I'm selling that place....No, Pigs have not started to fly! Oyy! Lesbians!" Here, Brian rolled his eyes at Justin. "Oh, you're being paranoid! I am NOT rolling my eyes at you! OK, just do that for me and I'll pay you when it's done, OK? No, not up front! Well, no, I don't trust you, but that's not why! More the fact, that I don't trust Michael right now. He seems to have become a little....unbalanced.....Tell me about it!" Brian laughed a sultry, rich as chocolate laugh. "OK, see you tomorrow. OK....OK....OK.....OK....OK, seeyoutomorrow,Okbye," he finished in a rush and hung up.

 

   "So...you've just destroyed a man. How do you feel?" asked Justin, lying on his stomach, legs bent and ankles crosses like a gossipy schoolgirl.

 

   "Oh Sunshine, how you like to exaggerate!" Brian laughed and jumped on him, rolling him over and over on the bed and suddenly Justin found himself cradled in Brian's huge arms with his shirt off. Wait...how had that happened? And then Justin ceased to care and most rational thought fled as Brian began to play, slowly and relentlessly, with his nipples.

 

   "I'm just popping his bubble and bringing him down to earth. Remember, we're going to offer him the same thing as everybody else. I love Michael. So much. But he has changed in the last year and I want the Mikey I know and love back before we take him home with us."

 

   "Gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh........" Justin replied, incoherently, as waves of pleasure spasmed through his entire being. The pleasure only increased as Brian captured his mouth and tongue with his own, held it prisoner, made it his slave, and refused to set it free for the rest of the night.

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   Shortly after, Timothy showed Justin to the door of his new home. He felt relaxed and at peace for the first time since his previous house had unexpectedly exploded. He also felt...something else that he had not felt toward another human being for a long time, if not ever. Gratitude...and love. Here was a gift...a real gift, freely promised, given and not taken away. That alone, made it priceless.

 

   "Thank you, Justin! Thank you so much! This is all...this is all...like a dream. The house is so much more than I ever thought I'd get. And it's a thousand times what I ever could have built myself."

 

   "Your welcome Timothy. It's my and Brian's pleasure. As far as we're concerned, you're our grandfather now. And when Brian's son comes, you'll be his grandfather too."

 

   At the mention of Brian's name, Timothy closed up a bit.

 

   "Oh I doubt that. I don't think he likes me that much. Not like you. He wouldn't want his little kinderling near me."

 

   "That's not true. Brian wants you to meet Gus very much. And he loves you as much as I do. Why are you so shy of him?"

 

   Timothy looked at Justin as if to say "Really?? Really???"

 

   "Oh come on! He's always been gruff and loud and scary with me. He never liked me because I just showed up and...and burnt his lawn."

 

   "Oh Timothy! That's not true. Brian's bark is much worse than his bite. Besides, the castle healed that burn the very next day. He's forgotten all about it and he loves you very much. He just...has a different way of showing it."

 

   "Yeah!" said Timothy, "A scary way!"

 

   Justin just laughed. "Well, I'll talk with him."

 

   "I'm glad you're here though. You make me feel protected. And...God help me...you`re so beautiful, Justin! I can see it! There`s like a golden aura shining off your hair. And your eyes are so bright...it`s like they`re alive!"

 

   "Why, thank you Timothy," answered Justin.

 

   "May I...may I kiss you? Kiss you goodbye I mean. As a grandfather, I guess. I mean...well, I guess it'd be as a gay guy too but just the once....just to experience the beauty. Just to...ohhh damn everything's coming out all wrong...I'm sorry. I shouldn't...."

 

   Justin leaned in and kissed him.

 

   It was a simple kiss, the one you give a relative but Timothy felt it all the way to his toes. He experienced the beauty and it was fantastic. It was like kissing molten gold.

 

   "Good night grandfather," whispered Justin.

 

   "Thank you Justin," said Timothy, "Thank you....." And, because he didn't know what else to say, he shut himself into his new house.

 

   Timothy might have been thanking him for the safety or the new house or garden but Justin could tell there was more than that in what he wanted to say. Some things couldn't be thanked for and some things had no words.

 

   Justin turned and went back along the path leading to the castle. He had a small smile as he went because he understood.

 

TBC

 

 

End Notes:

PLEASE REVIEW!!

 

A/N: OK just a warning. All these new ideas are buzzing and humming through my warped brain and this is taking just entirely too long. Also the entire tone and the style of the story has changed once again. So look for this story to make yet another break into a third instalment of this AU. If it does, I will transplant the Back to the Pitts series into it since that seems where the split seems to have occurred and besides the Jack and the B storyline effectively ended there. (Thank heavens!)

 

Chapter 3 - Gus/Jennifer and Molly. by Britin4ever71

THE RED HOODY


Chapter 3


Gus/Jennifer and Molly



   The next day dawned cold and clear. The boys awoke in their hotel bed, their limbs entwined, as they always did. They both lay there a little fuzzy and disoriented from their wake up call. Brian had that strange sensation that happens in the morning where he couldn't remember where he was or what he was supposed to do that day. It was a nasty feeling and he didn't like it so he did what he always did that made most nasty feelings better. He looked over into Justin's crystal blue eyes and wondered how he had gotten along without them.


   "Good morning Sunshine," Justin said.


   "Mmmmmm, isn't that my line?" asked Brian as he gave Justin a bruising kiss. And of course, while he was doing that, everything came back in a rush.


   "Gus!"  Brian jackknifed up in bed. "Gus is next!" Intense longing and anticipation filled him and the drowsiness was immediately banished and he was filled with energy.


   "He is indeed! But we have a little time to wake up. How about a morning fuck?"


   "Hmmmmmm....well, maybe I can accommodate you there. But just not here! Let's get a few things done at once. Climb aboard!"


   Justin smiled ferally. He knew what that meant. He threw off the covers and jumped onto Brian's muscled back and held on around his neck. His morning wood poked Brian in the back. Justin began to suck on an earlobe. Brian shivered in pleasure but got up and headed to the bathroom.


BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ


   Justin poked his head out of the ivy and did a quick scan. All clear.


   He quickly closed and locked the outer door and then let the ivy-ed curtain fall down in place. The door was now perfectly concealed.


   Justin began a swift jog back to the castle with the front wall of the maze near his left shoulder.


   He was making quite good time when suddenly a head popped up over the top of the maze wall. Justin gave a startled cry and stopped short.


   "Patron Justin! How are you this morning? Where did you come from?  I could have sworn there was no one there a few minutes ago! I just ducked down for a moment to move the ladder."


   Justin tried to hide a wince of distaste over the title. They had expressly forbid any mayoral or leadership titles and especially any royal tiles just as King or Your Highness. They had hung American flags in a good number of strategic locations to show that they were still a part of the good old U.S of A. However, out of sheer gratitude a few of the villagers insisted they had to call them something to show that they were the bosses and had struck upon Patron. Justin still didn't like it but it was better than a lot of other ones.


   "I am fine. I was just wandering to and fro upon the grounds and was even considering a try through the maze but I decided against it without Brian with me."


   "It is indeed unwise to try the maze alone. You can get terribly lost in here."


   "Who are you? And are you lost in there? Do you need help?"


   "Oh no, but thank you Patron! I am one of your gardeners and I am trimming the walls inside the maze." He held up hedge clippers."I am on a ladder and I have a rope tied around my waist whose other end is fastened near the door. I will be fine."


   "Oh, I see. And what is your name?"


   "Oh of course. Forgive me, Patron. My name is Wolfe. Jackson Wolfe."


   Jackson Wolfe had a red gardener's cap, matching overalls and a goatee leading into thick muttonchops that were brown mixed with iron grey.


   "So, you came in from the village?"


   "Yes, Patr - Sir." He switched as he saw it was paining Justin.


   "Do you like it here?"


   "Oh, yes Sir! I never thought I'd be free of Stockwell's bondage! I was a guard at night for 3 years straight. I never thought I'd be able to boast taking care of a huge hedge maze in bright sunshine in my life. This is amazing!"


   "I'm glad you are happy. Well, I must be going. I want to find Brian. Perhaps our paths will cross again, Mr. Wolfe. Until then, I wish you farewell!"


   "Farewell Patron Justin!" called Jackson Wolfe, "And don't worry. I'm sure we'll meet again!"


   Iron grey watched gorgeous blond until he had vanished from sight among the grounds as he returned to the castle.


BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ


   The rest of the morning was fairly uneventful.


   Well, as long as you called having a long, slow shower fuck and then showering and dressing, liking what they saw and having another fast and frenzied fuck before breakfast, uneventful.


   They drove to the diner for breakfast and then without any more delay drove to the muncher's house. Both men were on pins and needles to see Gus at last.


   Suddenly, Brian nerves locked up on him and he couldn't move. He gripped the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles turned white.


   "Shit!" he murmured, loathing himself for the shaky way it came out.


   "What's the matter, my love?" Justin asked.


   "What if he doesn't like me?" Brian asked, in that same, small, hateful voice.


   "Brian, he's four years old! He doesn't know who you are, much less know if he likes you or not. Why don't we get the first meeting out of the way and see how things go, hmm?"


   Brian's hands relaxed from the wheel and then flexed his fingers a few times in readiness. "OK. Sounds like a plan. Let's do this."


   They got out of the car and held hands as they crossed the street and up the drive to the door. Brian gripped Justin's hand painfully tight and rang the bell.


   "Hey Jumbo, I am going to need to use that hand in the future," Justin joked.


   "Jumbo huh? Just wait until I get you back to the room...I'll show you jumbo!" Brian growled, spinning Justin around to face him.


   Shuffling sounds were heard on the other side of the door.


   Brian shoved their cocks together and lifted Justin up on his tippytoes by his ass, kneading the luscious globes as he did so. Justin groaned in pleasure.


   The shuffling grew louder and locks were released.


   "Brian! Someone's coming!"


   "Ahhhhh.....But you'll have to wait until tonight!" Brian returned. His probing fingers were relentless. At the last possible second, he put him down and returned them to what looked like was perfectly normal just as the door opened.


   Mel answered the door. "Glad to see you're punctual, assho-ooolly-moly! Geez, Brian, what happened! You're not...you're not ‘roiding' are you?"


   "Nope! This is all me! I'll take that as your way of saying you approve," Brian said, flexing his biceps that bulged impressively even within his suit.


   "Meh, we'll see! Did you bring the money?" Mel sounded bitchy even to her own ears.


   "Did you file the papers?"


   "Yes."


   "Then don't worry. I'll cut you a cheque." Brian said smoothly, "Before we get to that tedious business, how about a little pleasure first? Where's Gus? Where's my Sonny Boy?"


   "His name is Abraham!" Mel said in a tight voice that belied her furiousness. But she made way, nevertheless.


   "Meh....we'll see!" Brian returned, "By the way, this is my partner, Justin Taylor, soon to be, Taylor-Kinney."


   The mad-enough-to-chew-nails expression that had steam coming out of her ears was replaced with open mouthed astonishment. "Taylor-Kinney!!? You mean...as in married?"


   "Married...civil union, whatever else that passes for husband and husband in these parts," Brian returned, grabbing Justin around the waists and dipping him deep, one hand caressing the back of his silky blond head, and placing a quick but searingly hot kiss on his pert lips.


   "Mel! Mel, is that Brian? Are they here?" called Linds from somewhere in the house.


   "It looks like Brian! Sort of! You'll have to see it to believe it!" Mel yelled back.


   "I'll just pretend that translates out to: Please come in! Welcome to our home," Brian said sarcastically, whereupon he did so, guiding Justin in by the small of his back. Justin said nothing but he wished he had popcorn, he was so amused and entertained by their mutual snarkiness.


   Lindsay was in the living room facing away from them. She was bent over and fussing over a little four year old with dark hair and brown eyes, smoothing his hair, his clothes. She stood and turned around and nearly fell over again.


   Eventually, things calmed down a bit, and Brian was introduced to Gus at last.


   "Gus, honey, this is Brian. This is your daddy," Lindsay said.


   "My friend Max at school has a daddy but I have two mommies," said Gus.


   "Yes well now you have two mommies and a daddy too...just like Max...in fact...Justin is my special friend and he can be your daddy too. So you'll have two daddies too."


   "Two mommies....AND two daddies?" Gus seemed to be thinking about this very hard.


   "That's right." Brian said.


   "Wow! Even Max doesn't have that!" Gus said excitedly.


   They all laughed.


   "Oh Gus! Oh, I missed you so much!" And Brian plucked him up and hugged him very tight.


   Gus struggled for freedom. "Max's daddy comes home every night! If you're my daddy, where were you?"


   Brian sighed gustily and sat on the couch. He patted the seat next to him and Gus sat next to him and looked up expectantly with wide, innocent eyes and Brian wondered what to say to prevent that innocence from dying out.


   "Gus, I can't explain everything to you but for a long time I felt it was necessary to stay away...let you live with your two mommies. And for the last year...I was very sick. I couldn't come to see you. And when I couldn't come, it was then...it was then when I wanted to come and see you most of all. And now I'm all better and I can. And I never want to leave you again. Oh, I'm so sorry Gussy!" Brian hugged him again.


   Gus was very confused and didn't understand everything the big man was trying to tell him. What he did understand was this huge strong man was offering to be his daddy just like Max's daddy. And he understood that he had hit some sort of little boy jackpot. The man was strong and huge and loved him.


   Justin smiled and just stood there and was silent. He knew this was Brian's moment.


   However, Brian would have none of that. He pulled his other boy down onto the couch on his other side and then pulled Gus up on their laps. "Gus, this is Justin and I love him like your mommies love each other. "He will love you so much and be your second daddy, if you want."


   Gus looked up at Justin shyly and was met with a radiant smile and shining blond hair and eyes so blue it was like looking at the sun shining off a lake. He felt shy but he knew the shiny man wouldn't hurt him and he had a strange feeling in his tummy, the excited feeling you get on Christmas morning when you are about to get lots of presents. But he knew he wasn't getting any presents and wasn't expecting any. But the feeling was there just the same.


   "Hello Gus. I've heard lots of good things about you. I'm so glad to meet you," the shiny man said.


   "Hi," Gus said shyly. Then he said, "Mommy calls me Gussy sometimes. But mostly, my name's BabyHam."


   "That's Abraham, sweetie," Melanie corrected.


   Everyone laughed and assumed Gus had made a childlike mistake. But Justin saw something else.


   Gus squirmed and frowned and shook his head. Justin realized there was something was wrong. His insight and wisdom went off like an alarm bell. There was something more. But everybody just thought he was making a mistake all the time and it was not being addressed.


   "Gus? What is it? Look at me. Look at me and tell me the truth."


   And Gus looked into Justin's eyes again and he drowned in the depths. That hated coiling tightness in his chest that he felt whenever he was called his name, the hate and fear and anger melted away as if it had never been and he knew he could tell the  yellow haired man anything.


   He snuggled further into Justin's lap and buried his face into his chest and mumbled his secret.


   "What was that sweetheart?" Justin asked.


   "I said...Some kids....some kids at preschool call me Baby Ham," he said again.


   Mel looked thunderstruck, then furious. Lindsay's cheeks turned pink she was so angry. And Brian. Brian looked ready to explode.


   "But....but sweetie! Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell the teacher?"


   Gus sighed long-sufferingly. "Beeecuuuuuzzzz.....they call me that when teacher is on the other side of the room and then I tried telling the teacher and she said they were making a mistake and play nice and they called me it again and I told her again and she asked them and they fibbed and said they didn't and she told me not to tell lies and so I gave up and now they whisper it to me when she can't hear and I tell you all the time and you think I'm making a mistake and besides they said if I got them in trouble they'd take my milk money." Gus took a huge breath after delivering this speech in one breath and then burst into tears.


   Justin cradled him and rocked him gently and whispered sweet nonsense and "Shhhhhh! It'll be ok, my son. You just have a good cry. No-one will ever call you that again, I promise. And from this time forward your name will be Gus."


   Brian's hands were clawed and he looked ready to murder. Linds' cheeks were now blotched with red and her eyes flashed and her lips were pursed she was so angry. Mel was equally angry but she was more butch about it. In a few seconds she was on the phone to the preschool. She left the room but during the ensuing, shrill conversation, snippets were heard: Anti-Semitic bastards!...Stopping payments immediately!.....refund!....I am a lawyer!....I will bury you....." Then things went deathly quiet for a few minutes before she came back into the room.


   "Fu-udge! I cannot believe I signed up for that preschool three years in advance!" Mel raged, "Oh...Gus..." she tried out the name, "I'm so sorry. I had no idea! But what are we going to do? His name's Abraham! We filled in his birth certificate and everything!"


   "Um....well...Mel, honey. Actually....I have something to tell you," Linds said.


BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJB


   Justin returned to the castle and found Brian and Jack having a rather boring conversation. Jack was basically giving a status report about preparations and as Justin came up and cozied up into Brian's side, it looked like everything was right on schedule.


   Afterward they snuggled into one of the couches in the Great Room.


   "Is it done then?" Brian asked.


   "Yes. He loves the new house. And he was ecstatic about the garden. Thank you for doing all that, Brian."


   "I didn't do anything. I just bossed people around."


   "And you loved every minute of it I'm sure. And you know what I mean."


   "Yes...I think I do.


   "He's scared of you, you know."


   Brian scoffed. "Oh, he is not! We just never got on. Look Justin, he's you're friend! But he's a grown man, not some invalid you've made him out to be. And he can make up his own mind."


   Justin's eyes flashed. "Brian, it's not so cut and dried and you know it! He is an invalid in many regards. He's old and infirm and he highly nervous and agoraphobic. And you're big and strong and you've never been friendly with him. He thinks you're still holding a grudge against him for the lawn on that first night."


   "Oh yeah.....I almost forgot about that," Brian's mouth quirked in amusement.


   "Well, HE hasn't forgotten! And you've never been anything but intimidating to him ever since! What's he supposed to think?"


   Brian was ashamed. "I'm sorry Justin."


   "Well don't tell me! Tell him that!" Justin snarked. He sulked a few moments and then said in a gentler tone. "Look Brian. You're right. He is my friend. But I want him to be everyone's friend and more than that, I want him to be family. I've adopted him as grandfather and family. I don't have much anymore Brian. My mother's made her choice and my father's dead. If I remember rightly, my dad's parents are as homophobic as he was and my other set is dead. I only have you, Molly, and he who is to come. So I want Timothy and I want you to want him too. You don't have to be his best friend but at least allay his fears of you. Please. For me." He looked up at Brian with wide, sad eyes.


   "You little shit. You think you can give me a dose of those puppy dog eyes and I'll just wrap around that cute little finger, don't you? Well, you're wrong! You hear me! You're wrong!"


   Justin said nothing, just blinked slowly, looking more puppy dog than ever.


   "You....you....Ohhhh.....You are so lucky I love you so fucking much, you little twat!" And his mouth crashed down onto Justin's and they were kissing, kissing, kissing, with fierce need and feral intensity.


BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ


   Well, of course, Mel was beyond pissed. But things were what they were and there was no way to change them. And in light of Gus' bullying experience at even such a young age, she finally agreed and the birth certificate was signed Gus Abraham Kinney Peterson.


   However, she was still pissed and she wanted to have a serious "talk" with Lindsay. Justin gave Brian's hand a gentle squeeze and it was he who suggested that they take Gus away from the house for an outing and they could meet up with them at the Diner at 7:00 PM.


   To this, the girls were a little hesitant but they desperately needed the alone time as Mel was barely able to hide her rage and on the verge of packing to move out. So at last they agreed.


   Justin was joyful and Brian was ecstatic. They had Gus for the whole day, unfettered. It was a dream; a year in the making, come true.


   They took him for ice cream. They took him to a toy store and bought him a toy racecar and a soccer ball. Then they cleverly took him to a park and played soccer until they wore him out. Then they piled into the car, Gus was buckled securely in where he promptly fell fast asleep.


   This all played into Brian and Justin's plans perfectly. Brian drove to their next destination and Justin made a phone call. And then, soon after that they were there and Brian drove into the driveway of Justin's old house and pulled up behind his mother's car. They left a few windows open for Gus and then left him to sleep while they conducted their next and more unpleasant business.


   Justin was nervous but mostly angry. He focused on the white hot rage as he strode up to the door and rang the bell.


   Molly answered the door. Her eyes bugged out and she gave a squeal of joy and threw herself into Justin's arms.


   "Justin! OmiGawwwd!!! Mum said you moved to California for your art! I never thought I'd see you again! How've you been?"


   "Hey Mollusk! My art's doing fine without California. I never moved there. I missed you too. Speaking of Mom, is she around?"


   "Yeah, she's somewhere in here. Where've you been Justin? I missed you so much."


   "I've been with Brian. He's my partner now. I guess you could say...he's my home now."


   Molly looked Brian up and down. "Well! You know how to pick ‘em! Well, I'll get Mom." She turned around and took 3 steps into the house. "MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed loud enough to be heard across the tri state area.


   "Molly! Geez!" Justin said in consternation.


   "Molly, how many times have I told you not to scream when you want me!?" said Jennifer, hurrying towards the door from somewhere in the back of the house. "Now what on earth is it that is so..." She stopped dead. "Oh my God! Justin!"


   "Hello Mother. I'm sure you are surprised to see me. After all, it's pretty hard to be around when you had me kidnapped!"


   "What!?" shrieked Molly.


   "I don't know what you're talking about," Jennifer protested lamely.


   "What DO you know, Jennifer?" asked Brian, "You told Molly here Justin was in California. You told me he was in New York with some tall, dark, and handsome stranger. Seems you've been telling a lot of lies. So what's the truth?"


   "Yeah Mother! Come here and come clean! Tell me the truth!" said Justin, his eyes flashing.


   And of course, Jennifer was helpless to resist.


   " Ethan already...admired you. And I couldn't have you around anymore Justin. You were cramping my style. So I gave him a few of the jewels you left with me and had him...take you away. He said he wasn't going to hurt you."


   "Well, he lied! He was going to kill me since I was a witness to his crime."


   Molly gasped.


   "Oh Justin, I had no idea! I only wanted you out of the way so I didn't have to live on cheddar and...tuna." She shuddered.


   "How? How on earth could you do that? How could you have your only son kidnapped!?"


   "It wasn't that hard. After all, I had your father murdered."



A/N: OH...My...God!! You cannot IMAGINE the temptation I faced wanting to end the chapter right here. However, I finally decided that would be beyond Satanically Evil and I just couldn't bring myself to do that to you nice folks. So I went with a scene break instead. So did I cut you a break or cop out? You decide. And don't forget to say so in a REVIEW! And now, on with the show!


BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ


   "Hem! Hem!"


   It was many minutes later but of course it seemed like no time at all to the lovers who never wanted the lip lock to be opened.


   However, the clearing of the throat did the trick and Brian and Justin broke apart in annoyance and looked up at the interloper.


   It was their doctor.  It was, in fact, the doctor from the free clinic who had treated Justin before. Of course the free clinic was passé and the doctor had set up another one in the hospital wing and was currently looking for more specialists to occupy the rest of it. He was very happy to see the changes in the castle.


   "Sorry to bother you Brian, Justin. But I thought you'd really like to know that both your test results came back. You both are negative for the second time."


   Shortly after Brian's release from the spell, they had gone to the free clinic and gotten discreetly tested. And then again about a week ago. And, of course, they had been with no-one else since then. Justin, because he didn't want to and Brian, because although he had become a Beauty himself, retained some of his former nature sometimes. He was a jealous Beast and he refused to share his blond prize with anyone.


   "Thank you Doctor," said Justin, "I'm sure we both re - mmmmppphhh!!" And then his mouth was full of Brian's tongue and he said no more.


   The Doctor saw that he was summarily dismissed. He crossed his arms, smiled down on them, chuckled, and shook his head. He had never seen such exhibitionist personalities in his life. He wished he had the stamina (and the love life) to pull that off himself. Still chuckling and humming a little, he left the lovebirds alone.


   A long time later, they broke apart and Justin sighed happily. "Oh Brian! This is fantastic news! Do you realize what this means!?"


   "Yeah! Raw!!" Brian breathed in anticipation.


   "Our...baby!" Justin said pointedly, giving him a look that was designed to make his dick soft.


   "Oh...yeah! Right! Our baby.....and....doin' it raw!!!" He quirked a sexy eyebrow at Justin.


   Justin sighed and shook his head in defeat. Sometimes this wonderful, infuriating man was just incorrigible!


   "Oh come on, you!" he said, jumping up and holding out a hand to his partner. Brian grabbed it and together they went off in search of Jack.


   Eventually, they found him, told him of their plans, and put him in charge.


   Then they immediately retired to the White Tower, took all the keys, rode up to the top in the glass elevator and didn't come out for a week.


BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJB


   "WHAT!!?" yelled Justin in horrified shock. No one else could say anything with their mouths wide open.


   "But honey, I did it for you! I thought you'd be pleased."


   "Pleased!? Oh my God, I'm horrified! Sure he hated me and I hated him right back. But we were coping! I never wanted him dead!"


   "Well, for a long time, I was coping too. But I guess I reached a breaking point with his rages and him shoving you out of the family both figuratively and legally. Did you know he disinherited you?"


   "I just assumed," Justin answered grimly.


   "Well, there was no need for that. It was just spite and I couldn't have that. I also could see that you had no savvy for the family business so one day while shopping I came across a starving street performer playing the violin. It was Ethan. So I sat him down and offered him a deal. If he could get rid of my husband I would make sure he had a proper job as a business manager and have a steady income and he'd never have to play on the streets again. I guess he had already done some...unsavory...things because he jumped at it. A few days later Craig was dead. I don't know if he sawed through a railing or actually pushed him and I don't care. He was gone and it was an accident and we never had to use that separate wing ever again or deal with his hate. A day later, Ethan came calling at the office and I kept up my end of the deal. I trained him and set him up as my business manager."


   "Oh my God! This is monstrous! You're insane! We were coming to get Molly anyway but now I'm twice as glad I'm here at last. Molly, honey, quickly do as I say and don't argue. Go upstairs and pack a bag and come back as soon as possible. Hurry, I'll explain more when we're away from here."


   Molly nodded tersely and dashed away.


   "Wait! You can't just stroll in here and take my daughter out of my house and away from me like this! I have rights! I'm her mother!"


   "You just gave up those rights after what you've told me right now! You're not a mother! You're a kidnapper and a murderer and a monster!"


   "Well, I told you...I did it for you, Justin! I told...I told..." Suddenly she looked confused. "Say, why did I tell you all that stuff  anyway?"


   A tall and rather overweight man stepped around from a niche in the house and onto the front porch into Jennifer's line of sight. He was wearing a trenchcoat.


   "I'm rather puzzled about that myself," he said, "But your son told me he could get you to confess. And now that you have, that's all I needed to hear."


   "Who - who are you?" demanded Jennifer.


   "Police detective Carl Horvath," he said, flashing his badge. "And you, my dear, are under arrest."


TBC


 

End Notes:

PLEASE REVIEW !!!

 

A/N: OK, A minute of silence for Craig is allowed. In this AU only! Startinnnnngggg......now!


Chapter 4 - The White Tower/The Diner at Seven PM. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

 

A/N: A bit of a longer chapter here. Just wanted to get all the loose ends from the Pitts wrapped up. Which I did, I think. The stage should now be set for the next part of the new fairy tale. Warning: Versatile B/J. I know this offends some but if you skip the scene, you'll only be hurting yourself. Well, that's all from me. See you in Part 2!

 

THE RED HOODY

Chapter 4

The White Tower/The Diner at Seven PM

 

   It was a few hours later.

   Justin and Molly were still in shock over the recent revelations. They dropped Molly's things off at the hotel. Molly seemed to have grown up a lot since Justin had left home but she was still young enough to warrant looking after. However, she proved herself quite capable with Gus and was extremely glad to get away from Jennifer's unhealthy lifestyle. She no longer seemed spoiled at all and in fact continually looked for ways to share and help look after Gus.

   With a few hours to spare, they went to a fast food place to mull things over and ordered the kids a hot dog each. Brian cut Gus' in half.

   "No whining!" Brian admonished, when Gus predictably started to whine. "We're going to dinner soon and you'll spoil your appetite. You can have a burger then."

   Justin looked all moony.                                                                                                                           

   "Really!? OK Daddy!" Gus started to eat his hot dog.

   Brian caught Justin's look and gave him a look of his own. "What the fu - uh-what's with the look?"

   "Oh....You just sounded so much like a dad right then. It was really hot."

   "Oh shut up, you sentimental tw- uh...you know... what!" But there was no malice in his voice.

   "Brian?"

   "What is it, Molly?"

   "What's going to happen to my mom?"

   "I don't know for sure. I won't sugar coat it hon. She'll probably spend some time in the slammer. But when the trial comes around, Justin and I will try everything in our power for an insanity plea. It was clear she needs some real help."

   "I think so too. I - I just had no idea. She seemed so normal. Well, as could be expected anyway. After you left for Cali - I mean, Ethan took you, she reverted back to her shopaholic ways. We never exactly went without but there was never really any extras either. Nothing fun for me. And she ditched the groceries and went back to the specialty foods and caviar again. I swear, I was on the verge of getting gout from all the organ meats I was eating. This hot dog is divine!" And she took a big bite of the concoction slathered in mustard, relish and ketchup.

   Brian and Justin chuckled at her antics.

   "Molly, I want you to come live with us. We'll be your guardians from now on, if you want. We live in West Virginia in a mansion. Well, It's rather bigger than a mansion really. Kind of a castle."

   "What do you mean...a castle?" Molly asked suspiciously.

   "You'd better show her. She'll never believe you," Brian said, chomping on the other half of Gus' hot dog.

   Justin sighed and handed over his phone.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

   Justin and Brian stepped off the glass elevator. Justin sighed in satisfaction as the doors closed, sealing them off from the outside world at last.

   Justin absentmindedly put the keys on an endtable and wandered over to a window and was again treated to a breathtaking view of the castle, the grounds and the countryside beyond, many miles in the distance.

   "My God," he breathed, "I've never seen anything so beautiful in my entire life."

   "Me neither," replied Brian. He was nowhere near the window.

   "What are you talking about? You're way over there."

   "Where I'm standing, the view is hotter than the middle of August. There's just one thing wrong with it."

   "What do you mean? What's wrong?" Justin turned. His eyes widened.

   "A certain blond boy still isn't naked!" growled Brian, who was completely naked. He must have just stepped out of his clothes it happened so fast. Every huge muscle was on mouthwatering display.

   Justin opened his mouth but he had no idea what he wanted to say and next moment it didn't matter because Brian pounced. His soft tongue was filling his open mouth, his hands were all over him and he was ripping his clothes off. In a few moments, Justin too, was completely nude. Brian picked him up, threw him over his shoulder and carried him triumphantly down the spiral staircase to the Kasbah where he threw him down on the bed and refused to let him get up out of it for several days.

@@@

   They spent those days and nights blissfully happy, kissing, sucking, rimming, and fucking. They slept. They awoke, drowned in each other's eyes and began again.

   They only got up to wash, relieve themselves and eat. They knew now there was definitely magic in the castle now. Whenever they went upstairs there was food served on a silver tray, exactly what they had been craving. And when they had eaten their fill and gone downstairs again the sheets were changed and bed made up and not only that, the bedroom was made up, even changed in a new and drastic way. It was beyond what the Wards had ever done and quite possible beyond what they could have done.

   When they had first come down the bed was an elaborate affair with cushions everywhere and blue silk see through curtains. The round walls were stone. The whole thing was done up to look like an Arabian Kasbah.

   When they next came down, they gasped. The stone walls were gone and were replaced with glass. Behind the glass was a wraparound aquarium with water stretching out into the distance and fish of all kinds and color swimming around. Once they scattered to make way for a shark. And once, the most incredibly (and terrifying) a huge whale swam toward them, growing huger and huger and then somehow disappeared over them.

   "It's gotta be a hologram or something," rationalized Brian.

   "It's not! Brian look! It's glass!" Justin tapped once experimentally.

   Well, whatever the case the bed had also changed. It was now in the shape of a giant clam and it was discovered it was now a water bed. After they had made love that night and were settling down to sleep, the top of the clam lowered down upon then in a somewhat scary way until they realized it wasn't closing all the way and the top was curved and spacious. They were in their own world, a bubble of safety that could not be broken. The whole thing was so wondrous, Brian had to give Justin another deep kiss. Then another. And another. Sometimes kisses are like potato chips. You can't stop with just one. Of course, Brian ended up in Justin's ass one more time before they fell asleep in exhaustion.

   The next night they came down and they were in a jungle. The floor was overgrown and birds and monkeys were overhead. The bed had a covering of mosquito netting and the mattress was spongy and green like moss. It was delightful.

   On the fourth day they got a nasty shock but got over it pretty quickly. The last stair dropped them down on a round, white sponge-y surface. And everywhere else at the edge of the sponge-y, cotton-ey floor was sky. There was nothing. They were in the air and somehow on a cloud. The cloud was like a dream, soft and form fitting and at the same time bouncy like a trampoline.

   They were transported with joy. They bounced and hopped and rolled and jumped and hollered in abandon. They rolled around together and made love on a cloud. And when they were done, they simply lay down and pulled more cloud over them and it was like being rolled up in a cotton ball.

   On and on it went, each night was a different theme with new and different delights and they took advantage of them all.

   Three days in, Justin felt it happen.

   He was on his back. Brian was over him and they were looking deep into each other's eyes. Brian was speeding up and hitting his prostate every time. Justin moaned and writhed on the mossy bed. The sensations were incredible.

   "Oh God, Sunshine! I love you! I love you so fuckin' much!" Brian yelled and kissed him hard.

   They pulled back and Justin wrapped his hands around Brian's neck and urged him deeper. They never broke eye contact.

   "I love you," they said at the same time.

   Brian speeded up. He moved like a jackhammer and then faster and faster still until he was that wonderful blur that only the Beast could do.

   Justin's eyes widened as he watched Brian's eyes begin to glow. They were gold with brown flecks today but as Justin watched the brown flecks faded and the gold brightened into a fantastic light, a flame that reflected his perfect happiness and love. He speeded up if that were possible and both men neared their climax. Justin never looked away from his Beast with the golden eyes, a beast made beautiful.

   It was right then that Justin knew he would never want another lover, could never have another lover. Even if things...changed... tomorrow and he and Brian were separated, that would be it for him. He would never take another lover again. In that moment, Justin married himself, his heart and soul to Brian and he sealed it with a kiss.

   They both came in a flash at the same time. Streams of ropy cum covered Justin's chest. At the same time Brian pumped his seed deep into Justin's sweet, sweet ass.

   And as he did, Justin felt an electric current jolt through him. It shot through him like a second orgasm and he shouted and gripped Brian's shoulders hard. And then there was another, lesser shock. And another. And another. And all the while Brian's eyes were glowing like two shining, golden stars.

   And then it was over. Brian collapsed on top of him. His eyes faded to normal. They cooled.

   But with the cooling, Justin felt different. There was a sated feeling but this time it was different, an extra relaxation as if his very bones were turned to Jello and his soul was satisfied, like when he put the last dab on a canvas and called his painting complete. And he could feel something else too. He felt...him. He could feel that it was not just the two of them anymore. It was an awareness, the kind you get when someone enters the room behind you and you are no longer alone. It could have been creepier but Justin knew where it was coming from and furthermore that the entity was like a tiny fish in a tank so he wasn't worried.

   He looked up and smiled in supreme joy. "Brian," he said, "It's happened."

   "What's happened?" Brian asked densely.

   Justin just smiled and waited for Brian to get it. And then....he did.

   "Really!? He...or she...is there?"

   Justin nodded.

   Brian lowered himself onto Justin full length and hugged him flush against his body. "I love you!" he whispered again. "I love you..." And then his shoulders began to shake.

   "Brian, whatever is the matter?" asked Justin in real distress.

   "I'm...I'm just so happy!" Brian wept.

   Justin laughed then and his laughter was like music.

JBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

Diner: 7:00 PM

 

   It was with bittersweet feelings that Brian and Justin watched Melanie and Lindsay walk into the Diner and Gus squeal in happiness and rush over to them and jump into Lindsay's arms and start chattering about the great day he had.

   Brian tried to ignore the bitter little ball of pain that squeezed his stomach and mostly succeeded. He looked at the floor and reached out mindlessly for Justin and Justin caught his hand in response. Brian's hand went over his shoulder, lowered down and settled onto Justin's stomach and his fingers splayed out. Justin covered his hand with own and stroked comfortingly. After that, Brian was able to take a shuddering breath and look up again with a wan smile on his face.

   His smile widened when he became aware that Gus was still chattering on about the soccer game and all the fun he'd had with his dad. Then it widened even more when Gus scrambled free and climbed up on his lap and then over so he...shhhtock!!...slid in between him and Justin and squeezed up between both of them. He...they had made an impact.

   Mel and Linds took the seat across from them. Before they could say anything, he pulled something out of his pocket.

   "We left in a pretty big hurry so I never got to give this to you," he said, with his tongue firmly in cheek, handing Mel the obscenely large cheque. "Everything still taken care of?"

   As if on cue, the door slammed open, the bell rang and an angry figure barged in. "Brian! What the hell, man!?"

   "I guess that's a yes," said Brian. "Hello Michael."

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   On their last day, they stepped down and found themselves stepping onto a sandy shore of a deserted beach. The azure waves of the sea crashed down nearby. There were two beach umbrellas with wicker mats underneath them and beside that there was a silken tent with adjustable walls and a raised bed with a memory foam mattress and dozens of pillows. On the mats were a wicker basket each, with sumptuous cold cuts and sandwiches and fruits and granola and water in them. There were two surfboards and snorkels and a host of other water toys.

   They were delighted of course, but I must admit they were not astonished. All that sort of thing had worn off about the third day and now they just went with it. They whooped and jumped and dived into the ocean. They swam and splashed and dived and floated around naked as jaybirds and twice as noisy. They ignored the surfboards since they didn't know how to do that and went snorkelling and inner-tubing since they did know how to do that.

   Afterwards, they lay side by side on the mats and ate their food and just rested and soaked up the sun. The sun was shining on the sea, shining with all its might. It did its very best to make the billows smooth and bright.  And then it was touching down and the sunset was pink and orange and rimmed with gold. And then it was gone and it was night.

   They were blissfully happy.  They held hands and kissed and made out and just rested. And when sunset came, Brian scooped Justin up and carried him over to the tent where they let down the silk walls which were a parody of privacy and began their final fuck fest of the week.

   "So....what do you think? Shall we do this again for our honeymoon?" asked Brian.

   Justin was open mouthed. "But....but...wasn't this...?"

   "What? No! This was just to get the edge off. I haven't gotten you by yourself since we got here. And then there was that whole thing with Stockwell...and then we really weren't alone. As for what this tower has been doing...well...He winked. "That was just a perk!"

   "What do you mean, yu haven't gotten me by myself. You've been pounding my ass every night in the Family Wing!"

   "Meh...Yeah, but there was Tim and Arjax and Theodore and then a host of others who could have been knocking on the door at any time...and sometimes did...and besides we..."

   "Oh that only happened two or three times." Justin protested.

   "And besides....we had to use condoms up till now," Brian finished.

   "Hmmmm...that's true," Justin  agreed.

   "And I mean really alone. Cut off alone. Alone enough so I feel comfortable enough....to do this." And Brian turned over onto his stomach.

   "What are you doing?"

   Brian gave his bum a wiggle and said nothing.

   Justin gasped in joy. "Really!?"

   "Yes."

   Justin whooped and jumped aboard.

   "But Justin..."

   "Yes Brian?"

   Brian spoke in a low voice and Justin lay down on top of him, full length and put his head in the crook of Brian's neck to hear.

   "I've...I've never done this before. Also...if we do this...I feel it will...be special. I will never want to do this with anyone else. I will never want to do....anything...with anyone else. I guess I'll...we'll be...I mean, I'll really feel....as if this is our marriage ceremony...without the priests or the papers, I mean. This will make it real, I mean. Deeper, you know? Ohhh! This is frustrating! I can't explain it! All I know is if you do this and take another lover, I'd probably go Beast on your asses. And Justin...you would not survive."

   "Hush Brian. It is my great joy to tell you that there will never be a need for that. You have explained it perfectly. And I can tell you that I felt exactly the same way four nights ago when you gave me our child."

   "You did?"

   "Mmm-hmm," Justin reached out and took the bottle of lube that was nearby the bed and had been beside all their beds in whatever incarnation it was and slathered it all over his dick and then on Brian's ass. Brian shivered and sucked in a breath.

   "Cold," he wheezed.

   "Not for long," Justin assured him.

   He eased in, backed out, eased in more, backed out sliding farther and farther in with each stroke. There was a flash of pain and Brian tightened in fear.

   "Relax," Justin crooned, "Just relax...the pain will fade. Tell me you want my dick Brian."

   "I...I want it," Brian gasped. Then he gasped again as the pain faded and there was only Justin's length filling him up and then pulling back. "No! Don't pull out! Ohhhh...yeah!" he moaned as Justin pushed in again and then he gave a special hitch of pleasure as he heard Justin speak into his ear quietly.

   "I, Justin Taylor, take you Brian Kinney to be my lawfully wedded husband. Whatever ceremony is to come is just a formality. I, Justin take thee, from this day forward, to have and to hold, to kiss and to rim, to fuck and be fucked, in sickness and in health, in beauty and bestiality, for better or for worse. From sunrise to sunset, in sunshine and gloom, from tonight until forever and a day, I am yours and you are mine. I will have no other. This is my vow. I give you my life. My life is my bond. Forever."

   Brian gasped a little as he spoke as Justin was sllllooooowly stroking in and out of him hitting his prostate every time.

   "I, Brian Kinney,...take you Justin Tay-aaayyy-lor...to be my...law-awwww-fully wedded husband. Whatever ceremony is to....come...is just a formality. I Brian...take thee-yeeeee...from this day forward....to have and hold...to kiss and rim....to fuck and be fucked...oh yeah, just like that!...in sickness and health...beauty and bestiality...for better or for worse. Ohhhh, God! From sunrise to sunset...in sunshine and gloo-oooo-oom...from tonight....until forever and...ohhhhh!...a day. I am yours and....you are mine. I will ha-ahhhh-ve no other! This is my vow....I give you my life...My life is my bond! Forever!

   Justin pulled out, flipped him like a flapjack and then buried himself in to the hilt. He smashed his lips down onto Brian's and Brian threaded his hands in his blond head as their tongues duelled desperately.

   And when they pulled back at last, they never broke eye contact and Justin rode Brian faster and faster, to the edge of agony, ecstasy, and insanity. And when they climaxed, they came together and it was as if they jumped off the edge of the world together and landed on the sun where they burned away together in their passion for each other.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   "Don't "Hello Michael" me, you asswipe! Like butter wouldn't melt in your mouth! What have you done? The loft went dark! The water off! We couldn't even use the toilet! We had to go back and forth to a gas station like a couple of hobos! And then today we were kicked out like vagrants! We had to spend the day in the park! And then you have the nerve to charge me for it? You sent me a bill? I can't pay this! What the fuck, Brian!?"

   Brian shifted his bulk so that it was wider and deeper than it needed to be. As with everyone who saw the new Brian for the first time, Michael was taken aback and by that I mean he gulped a little and took a step back.

   "First of all, Michael, would you watch your language around my son? He's four." He smiled his thanks as Justin removed his hands from Gus' ears where they had gone from "asswipe" onwards. "And second, I've done what I'm legally entitled to. I took back my loft and I'm selling it. I don't need it anymore."

   "Well, if you don't need it anymore, why do you care if I have it?"

   Brian sighed. After sending Linds and Mel to take Gus to see Nana Deb and get some ice cream, he directed Michael and Ben to take their seat.

   "If you'd actually asked me that, I might have considered it. But you took matters into your own hands, locked yourself in there and tried to steal from me. NO-body steals from me Michael! Especially those who I thought were my friends."

   "You disappeared! I couldn't ask you! I didn't know where you went or even if you were still alive! And your loft is nice Brian! So yeah, of course I wanted it! Of course I kept it!"

   "OK, I'll give you that. I didn't exactly leave a forwarding address. I had my own reasons for that. But I told you one year and I meant it. I told you I'd be back. You should have trusted me. Now I amback and it turns out I don't need it anymore. So I'm going to sell it and move on with my life. Now you have a choice. Continue to hold onto a dream that isn't yours or move on with your life. Better yet, move on with me. I have something wonderful to show you."

   But Mikey was not ready for what he considered surrender yet. "Mel! You're my lawyer! What's going on? What are my options here?"

   Chomping on her juicy burger (Brian had told everyone to order whatever they wanted) and swallowing with difficulty, Mel answered, "Sorry Michael, he declared himself legally alive just before your legally dead papers could file. It's his loft and you have no options and as of now, no lawyer. I quit."

   "You did what?!" screeched a voice. It was Debbie. She hustled herself over and smacked Michael upside the head. "You little shh-snit!! I knew you were obsessed about this loft business but how could you declare your best friend legally dead! That's despicable!"

   "I did what I had to do!"

   "You didn't have to do..." And they were off, the two volatile Italians were screeching and arguing over each other, the end result was that no one could understand anything.

   "ENOUGH!!!" The voice was deep and low but grew in volume until the windows next to the booth fairly vibrated with the low sonic waves. A big meaty fist smashed down on the tabletop for emphasis and there was total silence as a result.

   "Michael Novotny-Bruckner! That is enough! I have had it! And I am ashamed of myself that I let you go on like this and override me and your own common sense. But that's over. You will stop this nonsense immediately or..."

   "But Ben..."

   "NO! SILENCE! I can take no more of this! I have let you run the show for too long, Michael and it's gone to your head or something! Look Mike, we've had a good run, a good thing here. But Brian's right. He let us stay there rent free, utilities paid as housesitters. This crusade you started to acquire what was not yours in unreasonable and wrong and I've had it. It ends now. Before we moved, I subletted our old apartment. We can move back there and we'll be no worse or better off than we were before. We'll have to put up with a roommate until he can find another place but it's nothing we haven't done before."

   "Oh, and by the way, that bill is just a copy of a bill that I've been paying every month to pay the utilities," Brian interjected.

   "You see? We couldn't hope to pay for it ourselves! This stops now Michael! You will let this go once and for all, or...as much as it will pain me....I will leave you!"

   "But....but...I don't understand! Why haven't you said anything before now? I didn't know you felt so strongly about this! And if our old place is available...why did you make us stay in the park today like homeless people?"

   "I have said things before now! You just keep interrupting me and you never listen to me anymore! And so, to a degree I gave up until I could get some support. As for today, I thought it served you right and thought a humbling experience might do you some good. You've become a terrible snob, Michael, and it ends now! You're not rich and you never were. At least...not that rich! Stop pretending you are!"

   Michael just looked around dejectedly. The diner was mostly just them but the one or two other diners who were left and witness to their drama were disgusted. There was no support, no resource, no friendly face. Everyone just looked back with varying degrees of disgust and anger.

   And so, he just bowed his head and said brokenly, "I'm sorry Brian. We'll have the rest of our stuff out of there tomorrow. I just....I just wanted it so badly, so badly I could taste it. I'll never know that kind of luxury. And so, it made me a little crazy I guess. I'm sorry. Ben, please don't leave."

   Brian smiled, really smiled and crooked a finger under Michael's chin and lifted it until Michael was looking into his golden eyes. As with most everybody, Michael was startled and a little frightened since he had never seen Brian smile genuinely before but the gift of beauty entranced him and he could not look away.

   "Michael, listen to me, are you listening?"

   "Yes," Michael answered, hearing his voice as if it were a long way off.

   "You can know that kind of luxury again. As I said, I have something wonderful to show you."

   "What?"

   "Well, first, this is my fiancé , Justin Taylor. We came here to invite you to the wedding."

   "Glad you fit me in there somewhere," Justin quipped.

   "Quiet, you!" Brian said, in his best Mr. Peabody impression.

   "What's that got to do with luxury?" asked Mike.

   "The wedding will be at our new place in West Virginia. You're welcome to visit as long as you want. You're welcome to stay. It's a palatial mansion that we're going to run as a resort, a hospital, and an AIDS hospice."

   "But....but...how? Even the biggest mansion couldn't pull that off. Or wouldn't."

   "You'll have to see it to believe it!" Molly piped up from the counter."

   Justin handed over his phone with a huge smile.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   When they woke up the next morning they were back in the pillow-y Kasbah bed in the tower room.

   "Good morning husband," said Justin.

   "Good morning...husband," returned Brian trying out the foreign word on his tongue. It wasn't so bad and was easier to say than he'd thought.

   They kissed and hugged and kissed again for just the sheer joy and then decided they'd finally better re-join the human race.

   They got up and went upstairs to the living area and found the wardrobe wide open. Hung onto the inside of each door was a matching suit, each tailored to size. It was a black suit with a white shirt and maroon ties and handkerchiefs. Their shoes were black loafers polished to a high gloss.

   As well, the wardrobe was packed with more suits and casual clothes and two suitcases to carry them all in. They thanked the entity or magic or whatever it was for everything and packed up and washed and dressed in their matching suits. They eye-fucked---uh-admired each other shamelessly when they were fully dressed to the nines. Both of them were obscenely sexy and they knew it.

   They were about to leave when Brian thought of something.

   "Hang on," he told Justin, "Hello!" he addressed the magic, feeling like an idiot talking to thin air, " That is...if you can understand me. This has been a fantastic week and I know I don't have the right to ask for anything...But if you could...if you wanted to help me...it's not for me...I have one more thing to  ask..."And he closed his eyes and wished.

   "Well? Anything?" asked Justin, extremely curious.

   "We'll see!" Brian exclaimed and ran down the stairs. He re-appeared a few minutes later with a large wicker basket over one arm.

   "What is it?" Justin said curiously.

   "Goodies for grandfather," said Brian with his tongue in cheek and winking lazily, "Otherwise, never you mind!"

   "Oh, come on! Tell me!" Justin begged.

   "Nope," Brian refused.

   And darn it if he didn't tell him! Not then, not when they travelled the glass elevator and not even when they arrived back at the castle.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJB

 

   They walked together until they reached the maze, looking adorable in their matching suits. It was then Brian turned aside and kissed Justin soundly on the lips and told him to meet him with the bags by the front door. Then he turned aside to Timothy's door and went through the ivy and then the door. And darn it if he didn't leave Justin there with both suitcases!

   Justin struggled with both suitcases a little ways along but soon he had to rest. The day was early but the sun was hot and he hadn't had any breakfast.

   "Why hello Sir! Fancy meeting you in the same place, and me, very nearly in the same spot in the maze!"

   "Oh hello, Mr Wolfe! Yes, nice to see you again! I'm sorry I can't stop but I have to get to the front door and even with short cuts it's going to seem like a long way with these suitcases." And to illustrate his point, Justin heaved and lifted and dragged the bags another short ways before he had to drop them and rest again.

   "Oh, Patron no! You should not have to toil in such a manner! Rest a minute and I will be right there!" And before Justin could protest, Jackson had popped out of sight and was following his rope back to the entrance.

   A few minutes later, he was at Justin's side and lifting both bags with ease. Justin now saw that Jackson had amazingly powerful arms and a deep chest that he hadn't expected on a man his age. Or....what he thought was his age.

   "My goodness, Mr. Wolfe, what big arms you have!"

   "All the better to lift heavy suitcases for my Patron!" declared Jackson Wolfe. "Are you going on a trip?"

   "Yes, we're going back to our hometown to tie up some loose ends. Then we'll be back for good!"

   "Excellent...excellent!" murmured Jackson Wolfe.

   "I'm sorry?" Justin asked.

   "Oh....I just mean, it'll be good to have our Patrons back permanently. To have this place up and running at last! It's good to have a new home with all my...townsfolk, but we can't really earn our keep until the resort and hospitals are up and running."

   "Well, you shall wait no more! Today is Opening Day!"

   The two men talked happily until the castle led them back to the Main Hall.

   "Well, Patron, I must head back to the maze unless you need anything else?"

   "Not now. Thank you so much. So...Jackson...do you like gardening very much?"

   "Oh yes, Patron!"

   "Good. I'll remember you if I can think of anything else I need doing in particular,"

   "Thank you, Patron. Than would be suuu-excellent! Thank you!" Jackson turned and dashed away down a hall and was gone.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   Meanwhile, Brian made his way along the meandering path with the wicker basket over his arm and soon reached Timothy's cottage.

   He took a deep breath and gathered his courage and put his best face on and his best foot forward. He climbed the porch steps and knocked on the door.

   There was the usual scuffling and then the window in the door opened cautiously. Timothy took one look and slammed the window closed. Then a few seconds later it opened even more slowly, even more cautiously.

   "Yeah?" he growled out the way someone might address an unfriendly or unknown visitor such as a salesperson or an unwanted official.

   "Hi Timothy. It's Brian. Can I come in? I was hoping we could have a little chat."

   "Where's Justin!?" Timothy strained to look around Brian's bulk in vain hoping to see his friend and protector.

   Geez! Justin was right! The old man was scared to death. Had he really been that gruff, that unfriendly to the old man? Brian strained his memory and couldn't really think of any good encounters but he'd always been huddled up to Justin. Brian had thought that was because of their bond from...before but now he wasn't so sure. Had he really been huddling up to him for protection...from him...all this time?

   Brian kept his voice low and calm. "Justin's back at the castle. It's just me, right now. I thought we could have a talk just the two of us. He told me some stuff that was a bit disturbing. I thought maybe we could clear the air."

   "Oh yeah? What kinda things?"

   "That I might have been intimidating you. That you might be...scared of me. Can I come in?"

   "There t'weren't no might about it, and you know it! I know you don't like me young man and I can deal with that! But that doesn't mean I'm going to open the door to the likes of you!"

   "But I do like you Timothy. I just didn't show it. I didn't realize that I was being unkind. Well, constantly anyway. Please can't we talk for a while? It would mean a lot to Justin. And I brought a gift." He showed him the basket.

   Timothy eyed the basket curiously but distrustfully. He eyed Brian who just stood there waiting and didn't make any snide remarks or yell impatiently.

   "Really? Justin told you to come?"

   "Yes. Please Timothy, I'm very sorry."

   Timothy thought very hard. He was still very scared but he was very curious. And no-one had given him a gift in 50 years.

   Finally: "You can come around back! We can talk on the porch! Take it or leave it!" And he slammed the window shut.

   Amused, Brian made his way around. Timothy was waiting on the wraparound porch with a tray with a jug of lemonade and two glasses. He sat in one chair and offered the other to Brian. Brian sat down and the two men looked out over the garden.

   Brian decided to get the ball rolling. "Justin said you might be worried I'm still mad about you burning my grass."

   "Well, aren't you? You're always yelling at me. And you're so big."

   "Oh Timothy, I'm so sorry. I did yell a lot. I didn't realize how gruff I was being until Justin pointed it out. And as for the grass, it grew out the next day. You can't even tell. I don't know how, but it did. So, I'm not mad about that."

   "Well what about then?"

   "Oh, I don't know. We just never got on. I do know, I remember feeling a little jealous of you at the beginning. But that's faded as well."

   "Jealous!? Of me? Why ever for!? I'm just an old man!"

   "Yes, but you knew Justin right off and you knew him from the time when...well, he left because I yelled. It wasn't my finest moment. And then he took to you like cotton and I didn't and so I was a little jealous. I'm sorry. That also ends now. Justin says he wants to think of you as grandfather. I'd like to think that way too. If you'd let me."

   "I dunno. I'll have to think about it."

   "I understand. We'll have to work up to it. Try to find some common ground."

   "I guess." He fiddled with his hands and hunched a little in his chair in obvious misery. "Guess this puts a screw job on my gift," he said miserably.

   And that's when Brian remembered Tim's crap childhood and him getting gifts and then having them broken or taken away again. He kicked himself mentally and said: "Of course not! In fact, this gift should be opened as soon as possible." And he handed over the basket.

   Timothy opened a flap and a brown puppy popped his face out and licked his face. The puppy was brown all over, had a black button nose and flop ears. He had a pink tongue that he was using to lick Timothy's nose vigorously. In wonder, Timothy lifted the puppy out and it was revealed that he had a cute stubby little tail that wagged vigorously. He placed the puppy on his lap whereupon the puppy stretched his legs and then hopped down onto the porch. The puppy sniffed his way this way and that, up and down the porch and then sniffed the hem of Timothy's robe. He stood up and leaned his front paws on Timothy's knees.

   "Arf! Arf!" barked the dog in a high pitched bark. It was so cute it hurt.

   Timothy picked up the puppy and laid him in his lap. The puppy yawned, turned three times and lay down in his lap with his nose touching the tip of his tail.

   Timothy scratched the puppy behind his ears. "Nice puppy. Reminds me...of the other one."

   "This one's yours to keep. You name him, you feed him, you take care of him. And he'll take care of you. And I'm sorry about....the other one. That was despicable. That never should have happened"

   "No. But this...this helps...a little. Thank you very much Brian. Thank Justin too."

   "I will but this is primarily my gift. I thought of it, I got him, and I'm giving him to you. To try and make up for my bad behaviour."

   "Well, thank you Brian."

   "Oh, I forgot. That's not all."

   "But what? The basket is empty.

   "Oh, is it?' Brian quirked an eyebrow, spun it once and opened the other flap. The basket was now full of small bags of doggie treats, 20 in all, a ball, a rubber bone, an alarm clock, a collar, and a leash.

   "Oh my goodness! How'd you fit all that in there?"

   "What? Is that it!? I thought for sure I..." Brian stuck his head in and looked around, "Oh yes! I see it!" His voice echoed strangely. He stuck his hand in and reached in down to the elbow. Then down to the shoulder, definitely past the bottom of the basket. Timothy's eyes were wide.

   "Ah ha! Got it! Come on you sonofa-..." Brian pulled and stretched and then used both hands and somehow out of that basket came a 20 pound bag of Puppy Chow! Then he reached and pulled and hoisted out a second bag.

   "Holy shit! How'd you get all that in there!?"

   Well, you know, you're little duplicating box, you gave us? Well, this one's a bit different. It let's one carry whatever you may need and furthermore supplies what you need at that moment. We'll use it from now on to bring you more dog food and treats for you as well."

   "But...but where'd you get it?"

   "Justin and I were holiday-ing in the White Tower. It's...it's full of a powerful magic, the most powerful we've ever come across so far. When I went down to get your gift, the puppy and the basket were there waiting for me. I put the puppy in the basket and suddenly....I just knew, about everything else too. Great thing is, there's no weight to it either."

   "That's incredible! Well, thank you Brian."

   "Well, as I said, I hope this makes up for a great deal."

   "Oh, it does! I've wanted a pet for...for my whole life! And that's been quite a long time."

   They both chuckled.

   "Are you enjoying the house and garden?" Brian asked.

   "Oh, yes! Very much! I wish I could meet the designer and builder and thank him."

   "You just did!"

   "You!!? You designed this?"

   Brian made a mock bow.

   "But...but...but I thought..."

   "What? Thought I couldn't do it?" Brian winked.

   "More like wouldn't! I just thought....I mean...you were always so mean....and I thought this was Justin's doing."

   "Well, Justin helped as well. He helped the workers a lot and was very hands on. But I used to be an advertising man and designed ads and boards all the time. So I didn't see a whole lot of difference in designing a house. And of course I got a bunch of people from the town to help. So..."

   "So you were the brains and you bossed around everyone else's brawn," Timothy accurately guessed.

   Brian just gave him a lazy wink. They both laughed.

   "Well, thank you, young man. I'm glad you did. You thought of just about everything."

   "Just about?"

   "Oh dear! Well, I didn't mean to...I mean, I didn't hurt your feelings did I?" Timothy unconsciously covered the puppy with both hands. He didn't realize it but Brian saw. The old man was figuring Brian was going to snatch away his gift. His heart broke a little and not for the first time, did Brian inwardly curse the deranged fuckwads who had raised him.

   "Not at all, Timothy. I'm just curious as to what I left out."

   "Oh...Well, I've lived in these woods for many a year and always wild wolves have roamed the deeps of the forest. When I first met Justin, I warned him against them. They normally stay off the paths and populated areas, so I haven't been too worried so far. At night, I keep a lamp on the back porch and bar myself inside but I hear them howling in the forest, coming ever closer."

   "That's terrible! Why didn't you send word with someone? Sam? Jack?"

   "I figured I could handle it myself. And I don't...didn't trust anyone but Justin...and now you...and you never visited until now." he hesitantly patted Brian's hand. He pulled back quickly, shyly and found his puppy fascinating, giving him a few vigorous, yet slow pats.

   "Oh Tim, we're sorry! As I said we were sequestered. We'll visit more often from now on. What can we do to help this?"

   "I have noticed that the wolves in the forest do not like iron. I don't know why, but there you go. I believe an iron fence around my property about...six feet high or so would protect it."

   "As soon as I return to the castle, I shall inform Jack. I'll make sure he employs the builders who already worked on your house. Expect workers this afternoon and we'll have the fence built as soon as possible."

   "Oh, really!? Oh thank you Brian! I - I hardly know what to say!"

   "Say thank you Brian, I accept and you're my hero!" quipped Brian with his tongue in cheek.

   "Well, I'll tell Justin and you can be his hero," returned Timothy, "but thank you very much."

   "You're welcome. And now, I must be off. I have to meet Justin at the limo and then we're off to the airport. But we will be back in a few days and we will visit you again."

   "Oh. You're going...away," Timothy voice was slow and controlled.

   "Yes, we need to return to our hometown to bring back our friends and family for the wedding. You're still walking Justin down the aisle?"

   "Of course," said Timothy tightly. He swallowed past the lump in his throat.

   An old pain sliced through him like a knife. Of course...There was no wedding. Now he understood why Brian was visiting. They were going away. Tim hoped he'd be able to keep the puppy.

   "I'll get to see my son for the first time since he was a baby! He's four now. I'll bring him to visit. Would you like that? I know he's kind of young."

   "Sure. It's been a long time since I saw a wee one," replied Tim, "But...how  do you have a son? I thought you and Justin..."

   Brian explained about being a sperm donor to Mel and Linds.

   "Oh, I see. Well, I'd better not keep you. Sooner you go, sooner you'll be back, right?" Timothy swallowed hard around the now very large and hard lump in his throat. Of course, they wouldn't be back. There probably was no wee one. He swallowed again and petted the puppy so hard it woke up.

   "Tim? Is everything all right?"

   "Of course, hon. Well, you'd better be off and I'd better get all this stuff inside," Timothy suddenly couldn't look up at his burly benefactor anymore. He gently eased the puppy off his lap and stood up quickly, looking at the ground. He pulled unsuccessfully at one of the 20 lbs bag of dog food and managed to drag it a few inches across the porch.

   Brian gently took it from him and heaved both bags over an enormous bicep each. He carried them both inside the back door and then came back for everything else too. Tim saw there was no stopping him and just stood out of the way and let him.

   When he was, done, Timothy saw him to the front door. "Thanks for coming, Brian. I feel a lot better. I do. You have a good trip. Really...You enjoy yourselves." But he could not keep out a slight tremor in his voice this time. He realized he had grown fond of his huge protector and Justin as well. He was going to miss them. He took a deep breath. He mentally shook it off. No. There was no point in missing anyone.

   Sooner or later, everyone always left. It was only him.

   "Tim? Is everything all right?"

   "Of course." A tight voice.

   "You sure? You know we'll be back in two days right?"

   "Two days. Got it." But he was looking at the floor and breathing deeply, carefully. He didn't dare try and swallow now.  He just had to keep in together until he could close the door.

   "Tim? Tim look at me? What's wrong? What's..." And then it hit Brian like a ton of bricks. Those assholes had taken off on him on a regular basis and fucked off for weeks at a time. He was probably used to hearing "We're going away...and...We'll be back...on a regular basis just before they went away for weeks at a time. Or forever.

   "Oh fuck me!" And Brian gathered Timothy into a quick hug and then released him. "Listen Timothy, we're not like those asswipes, OK? We're not going to do that to you! We ARE going to be back in two days and we'll be bringing all our family and friends with us and you can meet them all or none or as many as you like. We will be back!"

   "It's OK Brian. You go on now. I'm sure you'll be back when you're good and ready." Timothy clearly wasn't buying it. "In the meantime, I have my cosy hov - cottage and soon a new fence to protect me against the wolves. And I have my new friend here to keep me company." He took a protective stance and stood in front of the puppy. "I'll be fine. Just...fine."

   "We will be back!" Brian said vehemently. He hugged Timothy again. "We're not like those assholes. Have a session with Sam and have fun playing with your new puppy. He's all yours," Brian re-assured him. We'll be back before you know it!"

   "Course you will. Course you will," Tim said, trying desperately to sound like he believed him and failing miserably. "You go on now. Sooner you go....sooner you'll be back, right?" This was killing him. At least he wasn't taking back the puppy dog.

   "Right," Brian released him and moved off, basket around his forearm. "We will be back! Two days! I'll bring my son to meet you!"

   Tim just waved. He didn't bother smiling as his face was lost under his mounds of hair. And at the moment, he was glad. At that moment it did kill him a little and he felt dead inside. He wasn't coming back. Not for a long time. It was just him. There would be no wee son. No Justin. And this new Brian was probably just being nice to prepare him for the news that they were abandoning him.

   Brian had reached the first curve. "See you soon!" he called.

   Timothy waved back but said nothing. Then he closed the door against the world and the heartache and pain and immediately the feeling of being inside a warm, timeless, safe, silent bubble surrounded him and he felt much better.

   The brown puppy was sitting on the floor in the center of the living area. As soon as he saw he had Timothy's attention he barked: Arf! Arf!...and stood up on his hind legs and turned around in a circle a few times. Then he dropped, rested and then did it again.

   "Ohhh! Now aren't you the cutest thing! Well, you probably are hungry, yes, you are! We'll get you some food! I wonder what I'll call you?" He scratched him under the chin and then scooped him up. "Well, we have a few bags of puppy food for you, yes we do! And at least you're not going to leave me, are you? At least you'll stay with me for always and always, won't you? Yes you will!"

   "Arf! Arf!" barked the puppy.

 

TBC

 

Chapter 5 - Homecoming. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

 

Part 2! The real story begins!

 

 

PLEASE REVIEW and give me feedback if you like or hate anything about the story. It helps me a lot. Thank you.

 

THE RED HOODY

PART 2

Chapter 1: Homecoming

Two days later...

 

   Timothy was sitting in his rocking chair gently rocking, gently dozing. Lucky the puppy was in his lap, a curled up and comforting presence. He had named him Lucky because he figured he was lucky to have him. And depending on how well he did well in his sessions and if Brian decided to keep liking him, he'd be lucky to keep him.

   NO! Timothy moaned and shifted uncomfortably in his sleep. No! He couldn't let that happen! Not again! Never...again.

   The puppy whined as the warm lap he was in had an earthquake. Uh! Oh! His human was having a nightmare! Fortunately, Lucky knew just what to do.

   Lucky stretched out and licked his master's hand in comfort. Immediately, Timothy's moans quieted and he settled down. The hand he had licked petted him with several hard pats that eventually found that sweet spot behind his ears and quickly turned the dog to jelly.

   "Timothy! Timothy! Come out Timothy!"

   Timothy settled back and smiled a little. Ahhhh!! This was better. He liked this dream. Timothy had won an award (he could never remember what it was for after he woke) and an audience was chanting his name. Timothy! Timothy! Timothy!

   "Timothy! Are you still in there Tim! Tim!?"

   Timothy frowned. Something was wrong. This chanting was more demanding than adoring, more worried than starstruck, and much clearer. It was almost like...

   "Timothy! Timothy, we're back! We're back, honey! Please open the door!" There was a furious knock at the door.

   Timothy's eyes flew open and he sucked in a breath. This wasn't a dream. Someone was knocking at his door. Holy shit! Someone was knocking on his door! No...body knocked on his door...well had knocked on it...and I mean like never!

   "Brian...what if he...he died in there? What if he had a heart attack? What if he was alone!!?"

   "Sentimental tw-ink! ("Nice save!" piped in a female voice) "He hasn't gone anywhere! He's strong as an ox and too stubborn to boot. Timothy! Timothy! It's Brian! Come out!" came a different, deep, rich as chocolate voice and an equally deep and masculine knock.

   Lucky had jumped off his lap and was jumping and barking at the door by this time. Arf! Arf! Arf! "Oh boy! Other people! Man people! How exciting!  How wonderful! Come on, master! Open the door!! Let's see who it is!! It could be anybody!! I'm so excited!!" Arf! Arf! Arf!!

   Lucky jumped and strained and wished he had thumbs like his master, he would have opened the door for him. Arf! Arf! Arf!!

   Timothy heaved to his feel and tottered over on stiff legs. When he finally opened the door he was dumbfounded. He eyes widened comically and his mouth dropped open. He simply could not believe this was happening.

   Brian and Justin stood on the porch. They were dressed elegantly but casually. They were happy and glowing and not tanned exactly but they had an air that Timothy had not seen in many a year and yet recognized all the same. It was the air of the freshly fucked.

   Behind them were:

   Two women and a very young boy.

   A young (but older than the boy) girl.

   Ted. (Looking rather uncomfortable)

   Arjax. (Looking very uncomfortable, twisting his hat in his hands) He was flanked by two red haired older women who looked as alike as twins. Or bookends...Timothy couldn't decide which. One carried a cake and the other held a simply enormous platter of sandwiches

   A man, obviously there under duress, holding a platter in each hand, one filled with a huge hamburger pyramid and the other with a dessert pyramid consisting among other things: Brownies, slices of cake and slices of pie.

   Two men, one dark haired, one sandy and hugely muscular who were obviously a couple.

   A tall, thin man that Timothy decided it reminded him of a piece of gum stretched long. He had a charming, gap-toothed smile.

   There was about 5 seconds where nobody said anything. Everybody else was waiting for him to say something and Tim was too flummoxed to say anything.

   Brian decided to get the ball rolling. "Hi Timothy! How are you doing?"

   Timothy opened his mouth. "You came back." Was all that came out. Timothy decided he sounded like an idiot.

   And then he was enveloped by twink as Justin full on bear hugged him. Timothy submitted and basked in the affection of the effusive blond. Just for a second. The blond wore his hair in that peculiar fashion, the one he would for the rest of his life: short on one side, long and flowing like a curtain down the other.

   "Of course we've come back! We'll always come back! Why didn't you answer the door? I thought you..I mean...I thought something had happened." Justin asked worriedly.

   "I was asleep," Timothy answered crankily, "I'm old. I do that, y'know!"

   "I heard a puppy," the little boy piped up. He was shifting from foot to foot and you could tell he had been dying to ask this question.  "Do you have a puppy mister?"

   Timothy tensed. "Yeeeeess," he answered carefully He reached behind him and held the puppy and shuffled out onto the porch. "You can...pet...him. But that's all." He held the puppy tightly, jealously and held it down for the boy to pet. The boy did and was in further raptures when it licked his hand.

   "Ohhh! It's sooo cute! And he licked my hand Daddy! He likes me! He likes me!"

   Lucky went into raptures, responding to Gus' young and enthusiastic voice. He knew that kind of voice! Oh boyohboyohboy!! A boy! Boys liked sticks and balls and running and jumping and puddles and mud! Lucky liked all those things too!! He had to be a part of it! All of it! Right now!

   He wriggled and twisted and jumped his way free of Timothy and ran down the stairs into the yard. He ran and found a twig and carried it back to the crowd of voices. He stood and hopped around in a circle with the stick in his mouth and dropped it at the little boy's feet or close to it he hoped. Then he picked it up and did it again and dropped it and said: Arf! Arf!

   Everybody laughed, even the ones who looked uncomfortable to be there. It was too cute.

   Gus picked up the stick, and looked at his father and Timothy with hope, need and desire clear in his eyes. It was clear he had won some kind of little boy lottery here. "Can I please play with the puppy Daddy! Pleeeeaaassse!!?"

   "It's Tim's dog. It always will be," Brian added softly, his meaning only understood by Tim himself. Tim felt something unclench somewhere. "You'll have to ask him."

   "Please can I play fetch with your dog?" asked Gus desperately.

   Timothy sighed. "You can play with him in the back yard. You might as well come through the house. Stay in the clearing and don't go into the trees. Promise?"

   "I promise!" said the little boy as he ran past him with the wiggly dog scampering after.

   I suppose the rest of you might as come in as well. Introduce yourselves to me one at a time and spill out into the back if you need to. I need to sit."

   And that was that. Everyone came forward saying hi and how are you and talking all at once, to him, to each other, and the whole lot of them invaded his house. In no time, the house and back yard was filled with life and talking and noise and his warm, timeless, safe, silent bubble was popped forevermore.

BJBJBJBJB

That night...

 

   Timothy went to bed and slept heavily that night. His guests had worn him out and he was bone weary.

   Behind his eyelids, he dreamed.

   He was old and in his rocker. And then he was young again and in a rocket. He was shooting through the cosmos and he could see....everything. The sky was so full of stars it was as if the sky was swirled white with colors and comets dancing with black patches worked in there as an afterthought. It was a common dream but a fantasy that he shared with no-one. This....this one thing...was his alone.

   As he sped through the universe, a group of stars and planets swirled out of their orbits and spun around him, orbiting him. They shifted and changed, each one becoming a face.

   There was a cratered moon that became a thin, gap toothed man named Emmett.

   Two stars spun around each other and sprouted red frizzy hair. Timothy smiled. They were Debbie and Beddy. They had fussed over him mercilessly, ignoring his cantankerous objections as if they were deaf. He secretly loved it but he couldn't let them know that. They promised to send someone over regularly with food, pasta and burgers, muffins and cookies. Timothy figured he'd be fat as the house he lived in, in no time.

   A comet passed across with the rather dour face of a man called Randy who was to be a head chef at the castle. Another passed the other way with Arjax on it. That comet smashed into a large planet they had Ted's face of it and both of them exploded.

   There was a full moon and a new moon. The full moon turned into Lindsay's face and the new moon turned around and the silvery face joined the darkness hair and became Melanie.          

   "What's the point of this? He can't possibly remember all of us." Melanie said.

   "Oh Mel! Don't be so negative! We'll help him!" said Lindsay.

   The rocket put on a burst of speed and suddenly he was past them and gone.

   A bright young star orbited a red giant and although they had no faces the red giant wore wire spectacles. Timothy remembered the young man with dark hair who was coupled with the hunky older dude. He had gazed adoringly at him and stayed close to him, just as this star orbited his giant. They introduced themselves. They were...Michael and...Ben. Nice names. Quiet men. Timothy had to admit...he liked quiet.

   "Hello, Sir! Nice to meet you! I'm Molly," said Molly. Molly's face shifted out of a star and then morphed back to normal. Then it was a little boy who was puckered in distaste.

   "I d'wanna! I wanna play with the puppy!" the little boy said. It was obvious he was scared and put on the spot and didn't like being either one of those things.

   "Come and be polite and say hello to the nice man and you can go outside again," came Lindsay's voice from wherever he had left her behind.

   "But he's scary," Gus whispered not so quietly.

   There was an awkward silence, which Timothy filled easily.

   "Hello, young man! And what's your name?"

   Gus stubbed the ground with his little foot. "Gus."

   "Well Gus, I'll tell you what. If you want, you can come and play with my puppy whenever you like as long as you bring me something good to eat. In time, maybe you won't be so scared of me. My dog's name is Lucky. Do you like Lucky?"

   "Oh yes! He likes me a lot too!" Gus thought hard, his tiny forehead scrunching adorably. "Oh...but...where'll I get the goodies?" he asked shyly.

   "Someone'll give you something to bring me. How bout it?"

   "OK!!" They shook on it and Tim's hand burned with the feeling of a small person's in his, something he hadn't felt in seventy years.

   The scene faded, brightened and there was a supernova.

   When it faded there were two new stars in his vision, both equal in beauty and so bright it was like heaven but it didn't hurt to look at it. There were no faces on these ones, only voices.

   "What do you suppose he's dreaming about?" asked Justin.

   Timothy smiled a secret smile. He'd never tell.

   "He's smiling. It has to be something good. Come along and let him sleep. Stop hovering!"

   "I - I can't help it. I can't stop thinking back to when we first met. All he did was take care of me. Give me his treasure. Now all I want is to take care of him. But he's being so stubborn. Why won't he let us in?"

   "He's very independent. And he's an old man, not a child, Justin. You have to treat him like one. Besides, there's his past to consider. His...issues. I'm sure us just showing up here today, showing him that we're not going to ditch him will make a big impact. But we'll just have to wait and see. And be patient. Now come on...he's had a big day and he's sound asleep in his own bed and...I want to get you into yours."

   There was smothered laughter, sounds of doors and keys and in Timothy's ship he was a fresh faced 20 something and the ship sped up

faster...and faster....and faster....and faster still. Every so often, a face would reveal itself; a scene would repeat and Timothy would be reminded of that person's face and name. Over and over until finally there was a star that was actually hot. There was heat on his face. The star grew bright and Tim turned his face away and he was opening his eyes and it was the heat and sunshine of next morning.

BJBJBJBJBJ

Two weeks later...

 

   "Brian...Justin...we've given it a lot of thought and..." Lindsay took a deep breath for courage.

   "We'd really like to thank you for this...it's been like a dream...like a holiday..." said Mel.

   "But we should get back... to reality...to home...we need to get back to Pittsburgh." They somehow stuttered out.

   "Back!? Back to what? Linds...Mel...when we brought you here, I thought it was understood. We can take care of you here. Of everyone. We brought everyone here...to live."

   "You can what!!?" screeched Mel, "Do not tell me you seriously just said you were going to...take care of us!!!"

   Lindsay closed her eyes. Here we go.

   "Brian didn't mean like that," Justin said, "You're perfectly welcome to work, Mel. But you don't have to go back to Pittsburgh. You can lawyer right here. Or take a trip...be a lawyer in Italy...or wherever. Take the cases you want. Take cases because you want to....not because you need to. Be your own boss. There's no debt...no mortgage to back to. And we'd love for you to make this your home. We want you...and Gus to be as comfortable as possible."

   Mel was starting to dream build and settle down slightly but as the mention of Gus, her eyes narrowed and the pink in her cheeks rose back up.

   "So! That's what this is really about! You don't want us taking Gus away!"

   "Well, d'uuhh!" said Brian indelicately.

   Justin smacked him on the arm. "What Brian is trying to say is...that's correct. We've never made that a secret," Justin said, "We love that little boy and Brian's gone through a lot of changes. He wants and needs his son in his life more that a bi-annual visit here or there. And I love him like a son too. I need him too."

   "Well, you can't keep us here just for the sake of Gus! We're his parents! And this place is great but it's not real! It's not real life! We need to get back to it! We need to get back to something that's ours! This castle...this is your life...your home...But it's not ours! It's not us!" Melanie yelled.

   "Who says we can't keep you here?" Brian said nastily, "I'm sure I remember a whole level of dungeons....somewhere along our tour."

   Both girls gulped visibly.

   "He's kidding!" Justin interjected overly brightly, "There aren't any dungeons! At least...I'm pretty sure....Well...good grief I hope there aren't...."

   "I wouldn't doubt it, Justin, m'boy! This place is a proper castle and so huge it makes Buckingham Palace seem like a summer cottage!" said Timothy.

   "YAAHHHHHHH!" all four adults recoiled in obvious fear induced surprise.

   "Timothy! Hey hon! I'm sorry but...but the four of us were...were having a private conversation," Justin gasped out, "You shouldn't be here."

   "Well then you shouldn't be having it in a huge living room!" retorted the oldster, "Besides, I've been standing here for about ten minutes. I've heard everything. And I think I have the solution to your problem."

   Timothy was dressed more modernly than he had before. Rich life and security agreed with him. He was dressed in loafers and casual but elegant slacks and a black sweater with yellow lightning stripes all the way around. Lucky was lying in the crook of one arm, as usual. One hand carried a walking staff with the head of a silver eagle on the top of it. He had had his beard trimmed to about two inches long. He still looked like an old man but it was a more grandfatherly image he exuded now rather than hermit or hobo. Even Gus had proclaimed him "not so scary" and had visited him a few times since and was tentatively calling him "Opa". (Grandpa)

   "I already have a solution!" snarled Melanie, "We're leaving! I'm not going to sit here and be threatened!" she got up to storm out and was unpleasantly surprised when Lindsay wasn't right behind her. "Linds..."

   "If there's a solution, I'd like to hear it," she said, "Mel...I know he's upset you but that's just Brian's way. We have to try to fix this...if only for Gus' sake. Please."

   "The way I see it," Timothy said as if it didn't matter if Mel came or went, "Is that this really isn't about reality or jobs or holidays or comfort. It's the fact that this is Brian and Justin's home no matter how big it is and you feel you are encroaching. This is about territoriality. You need your own space."

   "That's not it at all!" sputtered Mel indignantly, "I just don't think we should...I mean Gus is getting spoiled around splendour 24/7 and...not to mention I can't find my ass from my armpit in this monstrosity and...I mean....Oh my God, that IS the problem. You're right, Timothy!"

   Timothy was examining his manicure the gay way, palm out, waiting for her to finish. "Well, of course it is! Sister, I've been there! And I have the solution. You need a place that's a ways away from the castle but still close enough for visitations and to receive any monetary or grocery needs. So you'll take my house and live there."

   "Uh...Timothy....Don't you like your house? Should it have been bigger? Are you warm enough?" Justin asked worriedly.

   "Good God! Are you sure you're not the lesbian around here?" Timothy asked irritably. Brian high fived him behind Justin's back. "Not that house! My old house! The one that was hit by magic and turned sissy! You know...the one with....PASTELS!" he shuddered.

   They all laughed. "Oh Tim, I'm sure it can't be as bad as all that!" Justin said.

   "You've never been there! But you'll see, whippersnapper! You'll see!"

BJBJBJBJBJBJ

   They collected Gus and took a golf cart and it's a good thing they did. It was at past Timothy's door, past the hedge maze and onwards for another 15 minutes or so.

   "Where is this place?" asked Mel.

   "Almost there. But now you can see why it took me a week to walk to the main castle when I first came here," Timothy said.

   A few minutes later he stopped at a point along the edge of the forest where it made a natural border to the grounds and there was a path leading into the forest.

   "It's through there. I think it's about half a day's journey in. At least at my pace. Of course that time, I didn't have access to a massive, muscular, moose of a mighty man who might lend an old man a hand...or a back..." Timothy said, " Yeah...soooo....hintety hint hint..."

   Brian sighed and helped the old man onto his back piggy back style.

   "I wanna ride! I wanna ride like Opa!" piped up Gus. So he was hoisted onto Justin's back.

   "He! He! He! Now this is more like it! I'm going to have to go hiking with you a bit more often!" Timothy cackled from high atop his perch.

   "Yeahhhh!! Hike more often! Hike more often! He! He! He!!" cackled Gus, copying Timothy.

   "Yeeeaaaahhhh...." Brian drawled, "No!"

   "Spoilsport!"

   Fortunately, moving more quickly, it only took about a half an hour's hike to get to the clearing where Timothy's old/new house was. It had a rather stale, abandoned, forlorn air to it but otherwise it was in perfect shape. It was squarish at the bottom level and rose bumpily up several levels with plenty of gables and dormer windows. The outside was indeed painted the most girlishly pink you could imagine. The shutters were white. There was a porch.

   "Why...this is just lovely!" gushed Lindsay.

   "I think so too," Mel said.

   Timothy slid off Brian's back. He didn't say anything but the pinched look of disgust on his face spoke volumes.

   Gus saw and pinched his face too.

   Timothy saw, took a deeeeeeeeeep breath, passed a hand over his face, pulled on his beard in frustration and....BOOIINGG!!!...reschooled his face into a huge yet fake smile. But it was enough to fool the child and Gus smiled too.

   "Boy oh boy, you certainly are a little monkey see-monkey do, aren't-cha?" he said, taking Gus by the hand.

   "Monkey! Monkey! Monkey!" chanted Gus.

   "Ohhhhh boy......this is gonna be one loooong day," said Tim.

BJBJBJBJBJBJ

   The inside of the house was just as Timothy had described. The furniture was all overstuffed and poufs or contrary-wise spindly and delicate. The lamps were fancy and endtables on spindly legs were plentiful as were the delicately spun doilies on them. There was fancy china in the cupboard and teapots and matching delicate teacups. There was silverware in the drawers, cookery, a crock pot and a waffle iron that somehow managed to look fancy.

   The walls. Oh dear God, how do I describe the walls? They were indeed pastels. Each area was a different color scheme. The halls and stairway were all mauve, which led into the living room that was a pale blue. The bathrooms were as pink as a virgin's blush. The kitchen was yellow. Upstairs, the bedrooms were also pale blue.

   This type of thing continued throughout the whole house save for two areas. The first was one of the upstairs bedrooms which was huge and had blank, white walls wallpapered with canvas. Brian and Justin gasped. Except for the size, the bedroom was exactly like Gus' room in the family wing. It was completely furnished, had all of Gus' things in it, his toys and clothes in the closet. His toothbrush was in a holder in an attached bathroom and his picture that Brian had carried around all these years was on one nightstand. On the other was a recent photo of Brian.

   "But...but how did you know?" Linds asked, "Brian, when did you have all this brought over?"

   "I didn't! Sunshine?"

   "Not me."

   "Maybe the bright men did it," Gus said, looking to see if his bat and ball were in the closet. They were.

   "Bright men? What do you mean, Gus?" asked Brian.

   "You know...up at the castle," Gus said carelessly and wandered away, losing interest. He wanted to play with Lucky and a peanut butter sandwich.

   They kept exploring and found the second area when Brian pulled open a door and found a staircase going down. At the bottom was a huge basement/rec room with a second living room set that was more normal, a small table and chair set that fit Gus exactly, eggshell white walls and an equally off-white linoleum tiled area with a train set, a small trampoline and a toy box in the shape of and roughly the size of: a pirate's treasure chest. It was crammed with puzzles, books, stuffed animals building block toys and other toys.  To the left was a door that led to a laundry room with the top of the line machines and on the other end of the room was a door that led to a small bedroom with its own toilet.

   The adults were all in flummoxed shock and silence for several minutes while Gus ran around the room five times, dived into a pile of stuffed toys, jumped on the couch, all the while shrieking like an insane monkey. He was now quite sure that he had won some kind of little boy lottery and was the luckiest boy on Earth. And who know? Maybe he was.

   "Well, now will you stay? Retire, work, if you want, have this space to yourselves but close enough to visit. And of course, Gus has his room at the castle and can stay there anytime as well." Brian said.

   "Plus there's a path connecting our houses in the woods if the kinderling ever wants to visit me. An adult can bring him back and forth until he's old enough but as long as he stays on the path he won't get lost," said Timothy.

   Well, of course they said yes. It was like a dream come true.

   Eventually they worked out a schedule for Gus to live with both sets of parents equally. Timothy had occasional visitation that seemed more and more often, for as time went on he was more and more "Opa" to the little tyke and Gus grew to love him dearly. And although Timothy remained gruff and crotchety in demeanor, it was clear he loved little Gus back and could deny him nothing.

   And...for a while...this is where our story ends. The castle flourished, the resort, hospital and hospice all prospered.

   They all lived happily ever after.

   Of course, sometimes the end of one story is simply the beginning of another. Sometimes in a journey you can cross a mountain, come to a happy valley where things seem green and peaceful. It's a good place to rest before tackling the second mountain in your way. A mountain that could contain snowy peaks with avalanches, craggy cliffs, dark and scary caves and insurmountable odds.

   And so for now, I leave you in the green and happy valley.

 

TBC

 

Chapter 6 - The Bright Men. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

 

Kind of a short chapter. Sort of a filler I guess  but  some interesting developments.

THE RED HOODY

PART 2

Chapter 2: The Bright Men

 

   Two weeks after the munchers moved into their new home, Brian and Justin went to go pick Gus up to spend his two weeks at the castle.

   Gus must have been waiting for them, because he came hurrying out the door and onto the porch as soon as they were at the gate. He was carrying a child-sized suitcase with both hands and it thumped him in the leg with every step as he hurried.

   "I'm coming Daddy! I'm coming Poppa!" he screamed unnecessarily.

   Brian rushed toward him and caught him up at the edge of the stairs and swung him around. Gus shrieked in delight.

   Brian pulled him in for a hug and then swung him up onto his shoulder and grabbed his little bag. They waved goodbye to the munchers who came out on the porch to see him off and then they were off!

   They sang "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round" and "Bill Grogan's Goat" to squash the silence of the forest as they walked back to the lawn and golf cart they had left there. They sang loud and lustily to amuse the child and he was amused. He adored every minute.

   Finally, red faced and laughing they broke out of the forest at last and they all bundled into the golf cart. Brian threw the carry-all into the back seat.

   "Sorry you had to carry that, Daddy. I tried to tell Mommy that I didn't need a suitcase but she wouldn't listen to me and made me pack anyway." Gus sighed noisily and rolled his eyes in a perfect imitation of his father.

   "Of course you needed a suitcase," Brian said.

   "No, I don't. All my bedroom stuff will be moved into my room at the castle," Gus informed them.

     Both men found this statement extremely puzzling.

   "What do you mean Gus?" asked Justin.

   "My racecar bed ‘n my clothes ‘n my toys ‘n my pictures ‘n my toothbrush ‘n everything will be there in my room at castle home when we get there. You'll see."

   "Gus...I'm sorry. But that's not going to happen. I didn't ask anybody to do that. It's way too big a job for anyone to do every two weeks."

   "Oh that's OK Daddy! You don't have to ask anyone. The bright men will do it."

   Brian and Justin looked at each other, thunderstruck. Then, in a memory, Justin heard Gus say on their moving day: "Maybe the bright men did it..." before wandering off in search of a peanut butter sandwich.

   Now, Justin purposely slowed the golf cart as he asked, "Uh, Gus? Who are the bright men?"

   Gus shrugged. "I dunno..." he said shyly and withdrawing into himself and hunching his shoulders and lowering his head. Uh oh! It looked like he was in trouble.

   "Gus, you're not in trouble," assured Justin, "We just want to know."

   "Well, you know...the bright men....the ones all up at the castle...the ones that make things happen."

   "Make things happen??" they asked in consternation.

   "Well sure...Like my bedroom. And sometimes if you need help they'll give you something. But they'll sorta...put it in your way...you know? So you can find it. Or they'll take you places."

   "Oh my God, Brian! This explains everything. The white tower. Lucky and the basket. All those times where you find yourself....just at your destination. You turn a corner and you're there. And so many other things. The Wards must still be here!"

   "Oh, they don't like that name Poppa! Ward means you've been a bad boy. A bad, bad boy and you have go where you're told and do whatever you're told. Those men are gone. Everyone at the castle wants to be there and are happy. They are happy to help. And that's why they are shiny and bright and yellow."

   "Uh...Gus...? How do you know all these things?"

   "Well, Daddy, I see them. I can see them right now, flying all over the castle. And I know all those things because the one in the back seat just told me so."

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

   "WHAT!??"

   Justin tromped on the brakes and they came to a sudden stop.

   Slowly and with a lot of trepidation, Brian and Justin turned to look at the back seat.

   There was nothing there but Gus' suitcase.

   "I don't see anything," Brian said at last.

   "Grown ups can't see them very well," Gus explained. "I can see him because I' m only 5 but when I'm 6 he says I won't be allowed to see him anymore. But he says he'll be with me always."

   "Always?? What do you mean, Gus?"

   "The one in the back is my...my....oh right....guardian," he said. He's with me, day and night."

   "Is that right?" Brian asked as if he wasn't completely shit-faced scared. "Why is he doing that? What's his name?"

   "Oh, you know, I never asked!" laughed Gus, They all look so exactly the same, just men made out of light, that I didn't think of that." He turned around. "What's your name fella?"

   There was a pause.

   "Weird. He said to say his true name in English, my tongue would hafta be hinged in the middle and then still take two days to say. So he said I could just call him Leo."

   "Leo, huh?" Justin asked amusedly. They didn't seem to be in danger so he started driving again.

   "Yup! And I met Leo the first day in the castle. It was after you tucked me in and it was still pretty dark and I ‘membered how big everything was around me so I was a little lonely and scared. And I missed my friends. So I started to cry a little and I hugged my bear extra tight and a few minutes later Leo came into the room and shined it up for me."

   "But you told us everything was all right!" Brian interrupted.

   "I didn't want you to think I was a baby..." Gus said, bowing his head in shame. "I wanted you to think I was a big boy and not stop loving me. Then you wouldn't go away again."

   Brian was cut to the heart. "GUS!!" he cried out in horrified grief. He crushed him in a bear hug and sucked in his little boy smell that Brian wondered how he had lived without up till now. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't know you felt like that! That is never going to happen! I can never stop loving you! No matter what, no matter what you do! And I brought you here, so I'd never have to go away from you again. And even when it's your mommies' turn to look after you, you can still visit or call me anytime you want. I'd take your call, any time, day or night! OK!?"

   "That goes for me too," Justin said.

   "OK Daddy and Papa! Thank you!" Gus said, "And don't worry! Leo takes care of me the rest of the time anyway. That first night, after he shined up my room, he was warm and comforting and I thought he was an angel. But he said, no, not quite but that he'd be there to guide me and take me places and watch me at night and protect me from the Wolfman."

   "The Wolfman???" they chorused. What the heck was going on here? Mystery upon mystery, weirdness upon weirdness, things kept piling up. Curiouser and curiouser.

   "Yup!" Gus said proudly, as if they knew what the hell he was talking about. "He stood at the end of my bed and turned down his shine a bit so I could sleep and never left me after that. I got so used to him that I sometimes forget he's there. But the Wolfman never forgets and he never comes near me."

   Brian and Justin were so flummoxed and overloaded with all this information that they decided to table the issue of the Wolfman for now. And Justin was now having vivid flashbacks of a forlorn courtyard filled with dancing soul lights and shiny, bright men who bestowed four very special gifts upon him, one of which was in his body at this very moment.

   "Uh...Gus? How many bright men are there are there at the castle?" asked Justin.

   "I can't count that high," Gus answered, "But sometimes it reminds me of bumblebees."

   Brian and Justin looked upon their home with new eyes of awe and respect, even though all they saw were serene walls and turrets and flags flapping in the breeze.


TBC

 

Chapter 7 - The Red Hoody. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

 

Kind of a tame ending so I added a Sneak Peek just to mess with you!

THE RED HOODY

PART 2

Chapter 3: The Red Hoody

 

Five years later:

 

 

   Britin Castle continued to prosper.

   The resort became popular beyond imagination. All the amenities were used to their full capacity. Tennis and horseback riding was popular, so much so that they expanded to three large courts and 75 and then 100 horses. Arjax was kept very busy and indeed had an army of stablehands at his command.

   Jackson Wolfe hired on a team to help him take care of the maze. Soon, he was in charge of that team. Soon he branched out into the other duties of groundskeeping. He was hired to take care of them. Soon he was named head groundskeeper and was overseer of all.

   The maze itself became very popular. It was very difficult and no one was ever really ever able to solve it. The only way to reach the center was completely by accident or if you had another group coach you from the balcony where you could look down from above. However, even then it was a difficulty. However, if you managed to reach the center you were allowed to stay in the house for three days free of charge. However after that it was $1000 a night and somehow Jackson always knew and would appear at the door on the morning of the fourth day to remind the guests. Nobody knew how he managed to find his way through the maze so effortlessly but he did and was the only one who could.

   The hospital and hospice wings were also extremely prosperous but in a different way. It took a while but many prominent doctors and research scientists came to work there and soon it became as prominent as such places as the Mayo Clinic or the like. Because of its remote location, Brian and Justin decided to put in a helipad and have an airlift standing by that included a few helicopters. Somehow, they managed to come up with the money.

   They set aside a space that became a Research and Development Dept. Well, of course, they never found a way to cure AIDS. There are some things even the Bright Men's magic couldn't do. But they kept trying, never seemed to need fund drives, and kept working with the cocktail drugs to find new and more efficient ways for them to be administered. Of course, the drugs were always on hand for the patients and they never ran out. All the hospice patients were kept safe and happy and warm, each one with their own room. They were treated with kindness, love and dignity right until the very end.

   Debbie, Beddy, and Emmett lived in a kind of euphoria from which they never awoke. Debbie and Beddy had, in their opinions, the best jobs in the world. They got to work (play) with food all day long, not just serve and sling it but order it, be in charge of it, plan menus, and be the bosses of everyone who did serve it. And if it took their fancy to sling the hash and give the guests some of their special brand of sass back, (especially to difficult diners) then that's what they did. Or conversely, sometimes they would hear of a hospice patient who was in a special depression, or a lot of pain or weakness and they would serve the special needs meal personally to them, sit with them and offer a comforting presence with them for as long as they were eating that would make any mother hen proud. Then they'd leave with a mock admonishment like: "Now you get better, you hear or else, I'll be back with the Tabasco sauce!" Of course, this never happened.

   Emmett was in seventh heaven. He walked around as if his twinkletoes never touched the ground. He was given free rein to reno, decorate, and plan parties and he had four huge ballrooms to do just that. Balls were frequent. Everyone who wished it got a gala birthday party flowing with booze and cake; and sometimes cake with booze in it. The throne room was given over to him to renovate and as soon as he had done away with the thrones, had decided that the room would make a wonderful chapel/synagogue/mosque. A few set changes, a different flag on the wall, exchange a menorah for a cross, and the room could be easily switched to whatever the persons wished. It was a huge hit and the occupants and visitors of Britin Castle had a worship center for whatever they wanted. Weddings became plentiful. Everyone loved it except for Brian who kept a wide berth of it.

   Melanie and Lindsay lived happily in their pink house in the woods. They followed Brian's advice and Melanie started her own law practice. This prospered gradually over the five years. Oftentimes, it would take her out of state or even out of country and during these times Lindsay would stay in the castle or else go with her. At any rate, Brian and Justin loved both these scenarios because that meant they'd have more time with Gus living with them. And they loved that little boy more and more with each passing day.

   Michael and Ben lived happily in their own lovely suite that put the loft to shame. Michael had his own comic shop in the mall and prospered and Ben...well Ben did what he pleased. He wrote, he worked out, he offered his services as a nutritionist and personal trainer but never had to work because he had to ever again. He made love to Michael constantly. All in all, this was their happily ever after.

   Ted really lived up to his name of the Golden Goose and over time it became a badge and name of honor instead of the derision that Stockwell had meant it for him. He commanded a company of accountants, was a wizard of the accounts, and was given chief and ultimate authority of the duplicating box. Thanks to his keen and cool headed logical thinking, he never abused it and he never forgot the story Justin told him about when it was. He used it to duplicate a vault room full of golden eggs. He used it to duplicate a chest full of rubies, one of emeralds, one of sapphires and one of diamonds. Two more vault rooms were given over to coins, one for quarters and one for dimes and Ted filled them both up to Scrooge McDuckian proportions. Every egg, jewel, quarter and dime was accounted for and spent and it wasn't until they were down to the wire or close to it that he would duplicate more. Eventually, he invested until they had actual and honest money as well.

   Of course, the IRS eventually came calling and they were directed to Ted, who was dressed in an impeccable tailored suit that hid a deceptively thin yet hard body that was honed with ropy muscles and infused with four years of kung fu ability. Ted would be ready for them with all the proper paperwork with dotted i's and crossed t's and a huge check. Britin Castle paid several millions of dollars per year in income tax and the IRS agents who came were always astounded at the ease and nonchalance that Ted exuded when dealing with them.

   Brian and Justin, quite honestly, preferred to stay out of the whole mess entirely and spent most of their time in the Family Wing. Justin painted a lot, Brian posed a lot, and this usually led to them fucking a lot. After the birth of their first, they added to their family with another boy, a cherubic girl, and another one on the way. They continued to be the Patrons (kings) of Britin Castle and judges for disputes but otherwise chose to keep out of the day to day workings.

   Their first child, the one conceived in the White Tower grew up exactly as Justin had foreseen in his vision. He was now a healthy 5 years old. He had tight curly blond hair, rose red, cupid bow lips and eyes that mimicked Brian's. One day they would be brown with gold flecks and the next gold with brown flecks. He was so cute and handsome that everybody who saw him loved him and his disposition was so sweet, if he talked to you for 5 minutes, you wanted to be his friend. It became very clear to his fathers that he had inherited their gift of beauty, something which his younger siblings did not, although they were all beautiful in their own way as well.

   Above it all, was Jack. He and then several other subordinates, ruled over it all. He was the one who signed off on the orders, met with all the Heads of all the departments, saw to piffling little repairs, took the reservations for the White Tower, made sure they didn't overstay, and...was generally in charge of everything. He held the keys to the kingdom. In all ways, like Joseph of old, he was in command and only Brian and Justin were over him.

   Now you may think that this was a daunting prospect and temptation to rule unfairly or stage a coup, or embezzle and run would run rampant within Jack's mind and possibly drive him insane. But not Jack. He was a wise and fair ruler, he was always on the go and if a selfish thought did flash through his mind, (and they did, I mean what honest man's mind doesn't?) he would go for a walk in the sunshine and feel the sun on his face and remember...He would remember the dark time when he was a lowly guard standing in the cold and endlessly dark night, bored with no reprieve. And he'd remember a dark and dangerous Brian Kinney pressing a gun to his back and whispering: "Don't move a muscle or I'll blow your kidney out through your stomach!" and: "One false move, one hint of betrayal and you are dead. Got it!"

   And he'd realize he'd be a fool to give up his sunshine and warmth and security and golden eggs and what a dead man he would be, if he ever betrayed his Patrons and unleashed the dark and dangerous side of Brian Kinney. And soon the bad thoughts would pass.

   Timothy discovered a talent for spinning, weaving and sewing that he never knew he had. He started small, knitting a few things for family members but when he realized he could knit very artistically and quickly, he asked for a spinning wheel and then a loom and created many scarves, shirts, pants, and the like. He made all of Justin's children's baby clothes, took pictures of everything he made and with Ted's help, set up a website. He also set up shop intermittently in the mall but only when he felt he could make it and only with a small kiosk cart. And because at first it took every ounce of his tenuous courage to do so, he called his site and little shop The Brave Little Tailor.

   One day, Timothy was at his kiosk cart and Gus cam running down the mall corridor wearing his signature red hoody that he had made for him. Gus carried the bottomless basket over one arm.

   "Opa! Opa! It's time for lunch! You promised! Auntie Debbie and Auntie Em sent me with our lunch! You promised! You promised!"

   Timothy watched him approach and felt the underlying panic that always threatened to bloom out of control fade away. Only in Gus' presence did it ever truly go away in public. He loved that little boy to distraction now.

   Lucky heard the exuberant voice and stirred from his spot under the kiosk. He yawned and then barked twice happily but did not get up and run around. He had been very well trained.

   "I know...I know, kinder! Give Opa a hug!" Gus laughed and threw himself into Tim's arms and Tim treasured the moment. His gnarled had stroked over the soft hoody and remembered when he had made it. How he added to it every year. And why he must......

BJJBJBJBJBJJBJBJ

Three years ago...or two years later....however you decide to look at it.

 

   Afterwards, Timothy could not figure out if it was a dream or a vision or real or a kind of mix of everything. All he knew is one minute, he was sleeping and the next there was a man made out of yellow light standing at the foot of his bed.

   The man was faceless and huge. He was easily 7 feet tall and musclebound, if light could be musclebound. His legs were like tree trunks and his chest was wide and deep. He was bright and shiny as the sun but it didn't hurt to look at him. Timothy was frozen where he was in his bed. When he spoke it was like he pushed thoughts directly into Timothy's head and they were whispery and echoed a lot. But I will forego all that and let you imagine the effects for yourself.

   "Hail, aged one! Do not fear!"

   "I wish you were switched places with me! That's not easy advice to take," Timothy replied, shaking in his nightcap.

   "Tomorrow is Gus'...the one you call kinder.... 6th birthday," the bright man said solemnly.

   "I know what his name is and what tomorrow is!" snapped Timothy querulously.

   The bright man stood there silently. His shoulders were slumped in definite sorrow.

   "So....what do you want? And why you standing like you lost your best friend? It's a birthday tomorrow, not a funeral!"

   "My name is Leo. I am a self appointed guardian to little Gus and his constant companion. He...he is my best friend."

   "Okay," Timothy said.

   "Tomorrow, he will not see me anymore. His brain is developing...he is growing up. He will not see me anymore and eventually the memories of our stories and adventures will become flights of fancy, memories of fantasies of a little boy. Eventually, he may not remember me at all. Or if he does, it will be memories of a imaginary friend. So in a way...I will be losing my best friend."

   "Oh..." Timothy answered, "Well....sorry about that. I didn't know."

   "It is the way of the world. It is OK... I will still see him from time to time. But I do need your help. I have received word from the Power. Since I will not be seen, there is no reason for me to bodyguard him 24/7. I am to be re-assigned to other duties around the castle tomorrow."

   "What is the Power?" And what does this have to do with me?" Timothy asked.

   "The Power...is what we call the force that holds the universe in his hand. "He is in essence...my Boss."

   Timothy gulped. "I see."

   "Yes. Well, what they are refusing to see is that Gus still needs constant protection. That is why I appointed myself a constant guardian. But I must move on. I cannot defy the Power. If I do, I will be Warded. I cannot let that happen. Britin Castle is my home and I must continue to see it flourish and grow. And....and I cannot leave Gus, even if it is just to see him from the sidelines. But, more importantly, Gus still needs protection. So I have come up with a clever plan. But I need your help."

   "What can I do? And what is wrong? Why is the little kinder...uh...Gus in such trouble?"

   "Britin Castle was created in love, it is true. But on that day, a creature of evil thoughts and intents wandered too close to the edge of the forest and it too was caught and transformed. It looks like a man and he ingratiated himself into the Castle life. But he is NOT a man! He remembers his old nature, which was cunning and cruel and heartlessly predatory. He wishes with all his heart that he could get back to that life. But he does not know the way. He feels trapped between his old nature and his new life. And this makes him angrier, more vicious, and more dangerous than you can possibly imagine! And he has set his sights on Gus as his prey! The first born of the King of Britin Castle would be his ultimate revenge for his indignities as he views them. But with me around, he dares not approach. But this will all change tomorrow. Gus will be defenceless and ripped to shreds by the sunset of his birth festival. That is...unless we can outwit them and the powers that be!"

   "But who is this creature? What is he? And what can we do!?"

   "Stay close to the boy until all is ready. Do not let him go off alone with anyone unless it is his mothers, fathers, or yourself. Trust NO-ONE else within the castle! I do not know who he is! He is trapped within his mortal body now and I only can sense his malevolence. It is all around me...all the time."

   "And what is your plan? Surely skirting the rules of this...this...Power...cannot be easy."

   "It's not. In fact, it is impossible. However, if we do not actually break any rules, then we will be OK. And I have a plan. I have seen that you have become proficient as a tailor. That is why I come to you now. I will leave you with some of my essence. A part of me that I can leave as a kind of legacy to Gus. It will be like having me there...without me being there."

   And so saying, the entity began to expel out of its chest, a thin line of light. The light wrapped around his hand a few times and then around that and then became a ball. The light transformed into a golden thread. The light kept coming and coming and coming and the ball kept growing and growing and growing. Soon it was as big as a coconut. Then twice as big as that. At this point, the golden man stopped and bent, holding his knees, exhausted.

   "That's all I can do for now. I will come again tomorrow. Two balls should be enough for our needs."

   "But what needs? What should I do?"

   "You must weave the boy a garment that he can wear out of this thread. Or even with this thread mixed in with another to make it last longer. He will love it regardless but it should be something he can wear all the time, like a cloak or a jacket. Make sure you include a hood."

   "Hmmmm, cloaks aren't really the style nowadays. But I'll think of something," said Tim.

   "The boy will grow. Make sure you add to it, year by year. As long as he wears it, he will carry me with him and no harm will come to him. I will come again tomorrow. Good night, Son of Man." Leo faded away.

   After that, Timothy woke up. Which is why he couldn't be sure if it was a dream or not. But what was not a dream was the huge ball of shining gold thread sitting at the foot of his bed like a giant ball of spun gold.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

   The next day, Timothy pondered on how to stay close to Gus. Finally, at the last minute and devoid of any other ideas whatsoever, he scrawled out in a curly script, a kind of gift certificate that stated that Gus be given on shoulders travel all day by him. And he gave it to the child along with his real gift as well.

   The other adults were concerned and unsure that Timothy could succeed in such a feat. But Timothy brushed it off like it was no big deal and did it. When Gus was not riding him, he stood a respectful 10 feet away but never took his eyes off the boy. As for Gus, he loved it. He whooped and hollered and rode his Opa in joy. And Timothy swore he could feel an invisible hand on his back, bearing him up all the day long.

   Timothy bore his burden in silence but it was not without cost. The next day, all day, he was bedridden with muscle spasms and pain. He took hot showers, muscle relaxants and slept.

   Leo came the next night as well, that is, the night of Gus' birthday. He confirmed he was the one holding him up all day thanks to his crazy scheme and before he left ran a healing finger down the length of his spine. He warned this would not fix the problem, that the next day would be bad but that this would stave off death. Timothy felt the warming hand of the Fairy run down his spinal cord from his brain stem to his buttcrack. A burning sensation ran over his spinal column and back like fire before subsiding and letting him fall into a deep slumber.

   Before this however, he again spun out from himself a huge golden ball of thread and declared that was all he could do. He would need to make the best of what he had there. He also assured Timothy that he could dye it any color he wanted as a golden cloak or jacket would be too flashy and attract a lot of unwanted attention. At Timothy's request, he also agreed to bodyguard Gus for one more day while he was incapacitated.

   "Thank you Leo. Thank you for everything you've done for the little kinder...And for me."

   "You're welcome, Son of Man," said Leo.

   Then he faded away and vanished from Timothy's and Gus' life....forever.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJB

   The day after his day of rest, Timothy got to work. He knew he had not a moment to lose.

   He took to his loom and started to weave. He took some thick, white, cotton thread as well and for every 5 threads he wove in, he wove in a line of the thread Leo had left him. Somehow, the golden thread matched up with the look and feel of the cotton exactly except for the color.

   He called Justin, who he still knew to have the strongest bond with him and would indulge him, even if he sounded a little wacky. Besides, he believed in the bright men implicitly. Tim warned Justin about keeping Gus near them and under no circumstances was he to be left alone...even if it meant he was shadowed. Justin promised.

   Tim wove and wove and wove. He was like a man possessed. Every waking moment was devoted to this task and far into the night as well. He told no one about it. If anyone came over, he covered the loom entirely. As it was he reverted back into his hermit ways almost completely.

   Soon a white and gold bolt of cloth emerged. Timothy kept going feverishly.

   The bolt grew longer and longer and after about a week Timothy cast off a substantial amount and measured it. Satisfied, he began again and wove another bolt. And then, just to make sure, one more.

   He was left with 15 feet of the softest, most beautiful cloth you had ever seen. White with gold threads running throughout, it was fit for a Prince of old. But alas, this was not olden times and he did not want to embarrass Gus, so after admiring the beauty for a few moments, he sighed and found a large metal wash basin, added some water and then added the right amount of dye.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

   At last it was done. The finished product was almost as beautiful as the bolts but in the end, Timothy didn't really care. If this is what would protect Gus, then this is what he would do.

   It was a hoody made of the softest, most comfortable cotton imaginable. It would breathe. It was zippered so it could be pulled on like a jacket. It was warm in the cold and cool in the summer. The hood was tightenable with a drawstring and somehow the darn thing was waterproof.

   Timothy had dyed the cloth a deep, scarlet red. It would be glaringly visible among the trees of the forest and be seen a mile away otherwise. The color of a robin's red breast he had seen one year, 40 years ago and/or a cardinal.

   He still had plenty of Leo's thread left. He wrapped the remaining balls in plastic and hid them deep in a closet and never told a living soul about them. He knew secrecy was paramount.

   Timothy accepted a dinner invitation that night and during dessert made the big reveal. Everyone ohhh'ed and ahhh'ed over it and predictably, Gus loved it. Adored it; almost to the point of needing it.

   "Is that mine!? Really mine, Opa! Can I wear it now? Right now!?"

   "Gus! Manners!" worried the blond WASP-y carpet muncher.

   Timothy took great pleasure in pretending he was temporarily deaf.

   "Yes, my kinder! Yes, right now! I made it just for you and I want to fit it on you and see how it looks, right now!"

   And Gus hopped right over and Timothy slipped it on. It dipped a little too far past his waist and a bit too long in the arms but that's just how Timothy planned it.

   "Oh...it's too big Opa!" Gus said, a little upset.

   "Nonsense! You'll quickly grow into it, my little dandelion! And in no time, you'll come to me saying it's too tight. And when that happens I will alter it and make it bigger for you! So as long as you love it!"

   "Then I'll love it forever!" Gus declared. And he climbed right up on Timothy's lap.

   Timothy breathed a huge sigh of relief and felt a knot of worry that he had gotten so used to that he had forgotten was there, finally untie and float away from his insides. He hoped somehow Leo could see them.

   "I know you will, kinder," he said, softly stroking his feathery soft hair, " I know you will."

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

TBC

REVIEWS ARE LOVE!!

 

A Sneak Peek! Next Time on The Red Hoody....!!

 

Five years ago....day of the Birth of Britin Castle...

 

   The beast was hungry. The beast was his stomach and it ruled him utterly.

   He always seemed to be hungry. He roamed the forests constantly, hunting always hunting. His favourite was deer for that at least was a decent meal; rabbits and the like were useless, nothing more than a bite sized tease. But he was always hungry so he didn't turn his nose up and besides they were kind of fun to chase as they ran...as if they really thought they could get away.

   He snarled and sniffed the air. Something...something was coming.

   He trotted toward it. He thought it might be an especially juicy deer, already killed and ready for him. That was always the best. He loved it when he didn't have to chase them down first. Although...he really did like the chase as well.

   The thing was coming. It was fetid and rotten and smelled of death. The creature stopped, confused. He whined. This was no deer. It was too strong. He didn't know what it was...but he liked it.

   He bounded forward his voice coming out in a yelp. Whatever this thing was...he wanted it! He wanted to be a part of it! He heard the crashing and smelled the earth unheaving rather than seeing the trees uproot. He ran on, closer and closer to the thing.

   He hit the shockwave head on. He felt the energy, the power flow into him and still it was too much and he was knocked back a few feet. He flipped over twice backward and was astonished when he landed on his hind legs.

   GRRRRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRR!!!!" he roared. He continued to transform.

   His fur grew thicker, greyer, and longer. His muscles grew huge. His front legs turned into hairy arms with bulging biceps . His back legs transformed, his knees reversing with a sickening snap. He yelped in pain but it was quickly over and then he found he could stand up....up...up...

   He was huge. Easily 8 feet tall, he towered over all life in the forest. His hands were still paws but the claws were now twice as long as sharp and pointy like daggers. He felt his teeth with his tongue. They were likewise as long and sharp as knives.

   His hearing had improved and so had his smell. He could now detect that wily old man who always eluded him 2 miles away. However he could now detect that the man was old and tough and unattractive to eat anymore. He looked and sniffed elsewhere. There was a horse in the forest. Ahh yes, the man-beast's Clydesdale. The creature was tempted but decided not to bother with the horse's deadly hooves for the sake of what would now be a very unsatisfying meal.

   But the man-beast! The man-beast was a different thing altogether! The monster (for that's what he was now) had always wanted to fight him, to kill him, to beat him up if not just for the sake of becoming his Alpha. Or maybe just to rip his throat out. But as predatory as he was, he always knew he would he would come up short. He flexed his biceps, his huge, wide chest and gave a short triumphant roar. Now....now might be the time to change all that.

   With a second, satisfied snuffling snarl, he began to push his way through the forest to where he knew to be the man-beast's lair. He could smell them. He could tell they were very near....Their blood....it smelled so....so sweet.....

 

Chapter 8 - The Grey Walker. by Britin4ever71

 

 

 

 

THE RED HOODY
PART 2
Chapter 4

The Grey Walker

 

 

 

Five years ago....day of the Birth of Britin Castle...

 

 

 

   The beast was hungry. The beast was his stomach and it ruled him utterly.

 

   He always seemed to be hungry. He roamed the forests constantly, hunting always hunting. His favourite was deer for that at least was a decent meal; rabbits and the like were useless, nothing more than a bite sized tease. But he was always hungry so he didn’t turn his nose up and besides they were kind of fun to chase as they ran...as if they really thought they could get away.

 

   He snarled and sniffed the air. Something...something was coming.

 

   He trotted toward it. He thought it might be an especially juicy deer, already killed and ready for him. That was always the best. He loved it when he didn’t have to chase them down first. Although...he really did like the chase as well.

 

   The thing was coming. It was fetid and rotten and smelled of death. The creature stopped, confused. He whined. This was no deer. It was too strong. He didn’t know what it was...but he liked it.

 

   He bounded forward his voice coming out in a yelp. Whatever this thing was...he wanted it! He wanted to be a part of it! He heard the crashing and smelled the earth unheaving rather than seeing the trees uproot. He ran on, closer and closer to the thing.

 

   He hit the shockwave head on. He felt the energy, the power flow into him and still it was too much and he was knocked back a few feet. He flipped over twice backward and was astonished when he landed on his hind legs.

 

   GRRRRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRR!!!!” he roared. He continued to transform.

 

   His fur grew thicker, greyer, and longer. His muscles grew huge. His front legs turned into hairy arms with bulging biceps . His back legs transformed, his knees reversing with a sickening snap. He yelped in pain but it was quickly over and then he found he could stand up....up...up...

 

   He was huge. Easily 8 feet tall, he towered over all life in the forest. His hands were still paws but the claws were now twice as long as sharp and pointy like daggers. He felt his teeth with his tongue. They were likewise as long and sharp as knives.

 

   His hearing had improved and so had his smell. He could now detect that wily old man who always eluded him 2 miles away. However he could now detect that the man was old and tough and unattractive to eat anymore. He looked and sniffed elsewhere. There was a horse in the forest. Ahh yes, the man-beast’s Clydesdale. The creature was tempted but decided not to bother with the horse’s deadly hooves for the sake of what would now be a very unsatisfying meal.

 

   But the man-beast! The man-beast was a different thing altogether! The monster (for that’s what he was now) had always wanted to fight him, to kill him, to rip his throat out, or maybe just beat him up if not just for the sake of becoming his Alpha. But as predatory as he was, he always knew he would he would come up short. He flexed his biceps, his huge, wide chest and gave a short triumphant roar. Now....now might be the time to change all that.

 

   With a second, satisfied snuffling snarl, he began to push his way through the forest to where he knew to be the man-beast’s lair. He could smell them. He could tell they were very near.... Their blood….it smelled so….so sweet…..

 

 

 

A short while later...

 

   He was approaching the house, which was big and old and musty when the second thing happened.

 

   The man-beast was very close. He smelled a bit…different than before but the monster didn’t think that was anything to be concerned about.

 

   But then there was a smell of…life. It was the smell of flowers and green and the sweetness that rides on the air in the wind of springtime.

 

   The creature whined. Oh, how he hated this new smell! This was awful! Something was terribly, terribly wrong!

 

   The monster turned tail and fled. The smell chased him mercilessly and he saw the musty house transform and grow and swell.

 

   He saw the thing that smelled like life change the grass from yellow to green. He bent his body, used his arms as legs and ran as if bent in the middle. This let him run faster and faster and he began to beat the shock wave. He ran past crumbling and disused stables and saw them transform into new ones and heard horses that had not been there whinny.

 

   Faster and faster but it was no use. The wave came closer and closer until finally….it overtook him.

 

   Again, it picked him up and carried him. This one was much stronger and it threw him far and fast through the air, the world going by in a blur. He did no know how far he was carried. Again, he landed in a heap. Peripherally, he was aware of greenery growing all around him. But the pain! Pain like a he’d never thought possible flashed through his body in waves. Over and over again. He felt the power go out of him. He screamed and his voice changed, became more and more…like them! And then there was a final flash of pain that felt like fire and knives everywhere and he yelped before his throat closed and he passed out.

 

 

A few hours later:

 

 

   He woke up slowly, in stages. His body felt numb and heavy and sluggish and it was hard to move for a few moments. Finally, he was able to lift his head…then dig in his arms…then push up…then sit on his knees. He was kneeling on a manicured lawn surrounded by hedges and in front of him was a nice house painted yellow. In the center of the lawn was an apple tree. He was naked.

 

   Behind him and far off were the balconies and turrets of a shiny white castle. In front of him and far off was a large white tower with a round and pointy red roof.

 

   He looked down on himself in horror. He wasn’t a monster anymore His teeth and claws were gone and he was left with a set of manicured but useless nails and dull grinders for teeth and (he felt) four weak, measly fangs that wouldn’t do anything to raw meat at all.

 

   His hair was largely gone. He had hair on his head and a beard but otherwise he had a sparse covering, and a hairy chest. His beautiful fur coat was gone. His snout was gone. He had never felt so naked in his life. A wind flew over him and he shivered. With no other choice, he picked himself up and took refuge in the house.

 

   Inside, it was neat as a pin. The furniture was modern and chic. The house opened quickly into a living room with a bathroom off to the side and a kitchen to the back. There was a pantry to the back of that, full of food. There was a stairway off to the right that led to three bedrooms.

 

   The man prowled through the house, exploring everything. Upstairs, in the nicest bedroom, was a set of work clothes and grey overalls the same color as his hair. He put them on, figuring this was his station in life now. Somehow, he had been caught in some powerful, horrible magic that had stripped him of all his monster powers and furthermore turned him into....this. He was...one of them!!!! A check in a mirror confirmed this.

 

   Black rage filled his heart. He knew...he just knew...this was the man-beast’s doing. Somehow, he had bested him again! The Grey Walker (he refused to think of himself as a man, no matter what he looked like) swore revenge, to destroy him and his happiness at all costs through guile and dirty trickery to outright brute force. Somehow....and if it took him the rest of his life....he would pay him back.

 

   He took a look out the window to get the lay of the land and he ended up opening the shutters and sticking his head out and taking a good long look around, his eyes wide.

 

   Now that he was higher up, he could see more clearly where he was. He could now understand why the castle and other buildings seemed so far off, even though they towered above him. He scanned the landscape in wonder at the beauty and then churned with nausea at the horrific implications. He was trapped.  His breathing quickened in panic.

 

   Then he quieted and took a deep sniff and calmed. Maybe everything would be all right after all. For whatever reasons, the powers that be had let him keep his sense of smell. He sniffed deeply and he could still smell that moldy old man in the forest. The Clydesdale was still there but he smelled a bit earthier somehow. Even the man-beast and his mate were still around but it was harder to tell where because of all the greenery and the enormity of the castle in between them now. But he could smell them. He could smell....everything.

 

   All around the house and several miles deep in every direction was a vast and intricate hedge maze. The hedges were beautiful but the paths were not navigable and seemed to go on forever. The grey Walker supposed he might even be at the center. He marvelled at the fate that had brought him here. He might have been deposited somewhere out there in the paths somewhere and then where would he have been? As it was, he may have been in the center of this cage but it was a cage that no one could penetrate either. He’d be safe until he’d figured out his revenge and no one would dare to attempt the maze on their own.

 

   After he had finished looking and smelling, he closed the window and went to lie down. He slept heavily and without dreaming.

 

   When he woke, he was a little disoriented because it looked roughly the same as it did when he went to sleep. This was in fact because he had slept for nearly 24 hrs. straight. But he quickly figured this out and then forgot about it. Here in the center of a maze, he was in an oasis in the middle of an emptiness of reality. Time didn’t matter here; or at the very least, was the least of his concerns.

 

   He raided the kitchen, checked out the living room, found a TV and settled in.

 

   He lived this way for two days and then decided to strike out. He found a pack, packed it with food and happily left the house, bed unmade, unwashed dishes in the sink, and the living room in disarray.

 

   Outside in the yard were four entrances, one at each of the compass points. He knew that three of them were dummies and would lead to nothing but dead ends but he had no idea which was the real one. He had no choice but to try them all.

 

   He decided to try the one in front of him first, that is, the one opposite the front door.  Bu first...he’d need a start point. And so....he did something quite disgusting. At least...from a human point of view.

 

   He went to the entrance of the maze and peed there. He marked it like he marked the trees of his territory in the forest and he could smell the mark quite pungently. Then he began to run the maze. Dead ends and forks abounded. He took to breaking a twig to show where he had come from and kept it up. He dead ended frequently and backtracked enough to realize this was probably a dummy course. By this time, he had been at it nearly all day. He followed his markers and his nose and tracked his way back to the center. As repugnant as it was, he was going to have to face his mess at the house.

 

   He arrived and went inside, exhausted. He froze. He was astonished.

 

   Inside was as neat as a pin. His dirty dishes were gone. The food he had eaten was replaced. The house was....reset.

 

   Curiously, the Grey Walker went in, knocked a few books off a shelf, overturned a chair, and mussed up a few pillows on the couch. He went outside and closed the door. He counted 1...2...3...and went back in.

 

   Reset. Everything was in order.

 

   The Grey Walker smiled a cruel smile. This was an interesting development. He went in and slammed the door.

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   The house really was a marvel.

 

   It was filled with a quiet, shy sort of magic. You never saw anything happen. But whenever you went out and shut the door, and then went in again, everything was reset and cleaned away. Eventually, the Grey Walker also learned that if you made a need or wish known before you left, when you returned, it would be granted of fulfilled to the best of the house’s ability. At first, when he discovered this, he used it to ask for chocolate or beer or a live rabbit or lobster. He would boil this and then eat it in the messiest and most disgusting manner possible.

 

   In this wonderful house, the Grey Walker lived like a King for many days. And indeed, he came to think of the Great Maze as his own kingdom, his own part of the world that was his and his alone.

 

   However, as it is with many Kings and the way of the world, the Grey Walker cast his eyes beyond the borders of his green and leafy kingdom to the castle next door and hungered for the wealth and power that it must contain. He hungered for the revenge that he craved and he could see the castle start to become more and more active as more and more people arrived seemingly to live there.

 

   And among them all, carried on the wind, the Grey Walker could smell him...the man-beast and his blond homosexual mate. Both of them smelled stronger than ever to the Grey Walker and it was disgusting. They smelled like a pure smell like sheets that had been left to dry in the sunshine all day, or the clearest, cleanest water the Walker could imagine. It was at once beautiful and terrible, full of power and promise. It was in his nostrils all the time and he hated it. But he wanted it too, wanted to possess it, wanted to taste it, to utterly consume and dominate it and it drove him to distraction.

 

   Finally, there came a day when he could bear it no longer. Besides, the castle seemed to be in full swing and it seemed only a matter of time before people would strike out and try to conquer the maze. If someone did...if someone found him living here.... The Grey Walker knew he could not let that happen.

 

   He also knew that he could not waste any more time trying to solve the maze as he had done many times since he arrived and had always failed and either ended back at the center or was forced to retreat back there. He needed help. A sure thing.

 

   “There must! There must be a way! A solution! There must be a way through this maze! I need to get out! I need a simple solution to get through the Maze!!” he growled as if to himself, or at the very least a nonchalant manner. The house always gave the best help if it though you weren’t really asking for it and it never responded to out and out demands. The he bit back a cruel smile and left the house, letting the front door click shut behind him.

 

   When he entered again his gaze was immediately drawn to the coffee table where a ball of shining gold thread was sitting on a small piece of paper. The ball was about as big as a softball and was beautiful, shining like yellow sunshine. It was soft and yet delightfully smooth.

 

The paper read:

 

Tell the ball where you want to go and put it on the ground. It will lead you to the best of its ability.

 

Be kind and courteous and all will go well with you.

 

 

 

   The Grey Walker had no idea what kind and courteous was. He cared even less. He balled the note and threw it carelessly away. He did not bother to bite back the wide and cruel smile that lit up his face now.

 

   He threw a few things into a pack, food, a few changes of clothes the house had provided and some toiletries and then left the house with the golden ball.

 

   He went out into the middle of the yard and said to the ball: “I want to get out of here. Show me the way to the entrance of the Maze!” He dropped the ball on the ground.

 

   Immediately, the ball rolled away to the right, choosing a doorway to the maze off in that direction. As it went, it left a shining gold thread line. The Grey Walker followed it eagerly.

 

   It was a good thing he did. After about 20 feet or so, he was the back end of the thread start to roll up again behind him. If he had lingered too long it would have rolled away from him and been lost to him forever.

 

   As it was, he did not linger but ran after the unrolling ball and followed the golden trail eagerly. The golden thread knew exactly where to go and chose each fork, smoothly and confidently. The Grey Walker followed.

 

   The golden thread went on and on unrolling from the front and feeding the back ball like a scroll. Eventually, the front ball grew smaller and smaller and the back ball grew bigger and bigger. Eventually, and deep in the maze, the ball unrolled entirely and the back ball rolled completely up into one big ball again. The Grey Walker stooped, a little worried for a minute but he need not have for the ball simply started to unroll again and the scrolling process began again.

 

   The thread scrolled its way through the grassy paths 10 times and without hitting any dead ends it took 5 hours to traverse. This might give you an idea of how massive this thing really was!

 

   However, at last the ball unrolled completely for a final time and at the very end was the double doorway to the outside world. The Grey Walker followed the now rolling up ball to the end where is stopped and waited obediently. The Grey Walker picked it up and put it in his pocket. Moving cautiously, he checked around the outside. There was no-one about.

 

   Quickly and cautiously, he moved out onto the Lawn and walked toward the castle as if he had always been there and was just coming back from a walk.

 

   He walked in and admired the splendour for a bit. At last, his workman uniform was noticed by a blond, well dressed man who strode over and grabbed his hand. Startled, the Grey Walker pulled back but the other man just though he was starting a shake and pumped his hand up and down a few times.

 

   “Hello! My name’s Jack! I don’t recall seeing you in the village! What’s your name? Did you come for work?” he asked, taking in his gardener’s getup.

 

   The Grey Walker’s first instinct was to clamp his steel jaws onto Jack’s jugular and rip his throat out. Then he looked down at himself and remembered the pitiful state he had been transformed into.

 

   “I – I came from the maze.” he said, quite truthfully.

 

   “The maze! I hope you didn’t actually go in there alone!” Jack exclaimed in concern.

 

   “No.” This was not exactly a lie. He had never actually gone in, he had been magically placed there. But he saw no reason to burden Jack with the whole truth. “But I wanted to see it. It will need trimming,” He supplied.

 

   “Hmmmm, yes, I suppose you’re right. All right, you can do that.” Jack snapped his fingers and someone appeared. “This man is going to be a groundskeeper. Get him a ladder and hedge clippers and pruning shears and anything else he desires.”

 

   “Yes Sir!” the man jumped away to obey.

 

   “The Patrons won’t be back for two more days. Don’t venture into the paths until we can figure out a way to navigate them without fear of losing our way,” said Jack, as if they were both going back out there to work their fingers to the bone.

 

   His eyes narrowed with disgust and hate at the presumptuous ass but he said nothing. He did not need to ask who the Patrons were. Instead, he pretended to think and then carefully suggested, “Suppose…suppose I could navigate the maze. Suppose…I could get to the center? What would be my reward?”

 

   Jack was dumbfounded, “But how could you? It’s impossible!”

 

   “Oh….Plants and me…we have a way of understanding one another. I’m sure I could do it.” Was all he would say.

 

   “Well, my goodness! If you could solve the maze…why…I’d put you in charge of it! And give you 10 men to help you work it!” said Jack.

 

   “Done.” The Grey Walker pumped Jack’s hand before he could say anything else and told him, “I looked at it from higher up and saw that there is a house with a yard in the center. In the yard is an apple tree. I shall bring you an apple from that tree. You can search my bag before I start.”

 

   The two set out right away and as news traveled that someone was going to try and run the maze, more and more people followed them until there was quite a crowd following him to send him off.

 

   When they reached the entrance, he warned: “I should warn you. It still will take me a great deal of time to run the maze. It might be wise for me to rest in the house before starting back. If that is the case, I will not be back until tomorrow. But I will be back here before noon. If I am past that you can consider the challenge failed.”

 

   Jack laughed heartily and slapped him on the back. “I love your confidence...uhhhh....oh my! What’s your name, fella?”

 

   The Grey Walker thought a bit and hated to do it but gave himself a human name. But he gave himself a name that would make sure he never forgot where he came from. To never forget who he really was.

 

   “I’m Jackson. Jackson Wolfe,” he said.

 

   “Well, good luck to you Jackson Wolfe. We’ll be watching!” said Jack.

 

   “What do you mean?” Jackson said, taken aback. He had not expected this. He thought quickly.

 

   Jack indicated the large, white balcony where people could view the maze from above. “From there. We’ve taken to calling it the Overlook. We’ll all have a watch...from time to time.”

 

   The thoughts spun uselessly, going no-where, like a hamster in a wheel. He was trapped. He’d just have to hope for the best.

 

   “Of course sir,” he said obsequiously.

 

   His pack was dutifully checked and then without any more preamble he started off into the maze....again. He’d just been here. Was this to be his home...forevermore? At the first turn, he turned and waved. Everyone cheered. He jogged off.

 

   He took a few random turns and choices and when he thought it was safe, pulled out the thread.

 

   “Show me the way to the center,” he asked it, “But keep to the sides of the paths at all costs.”

 

   The thread obeyed, backtracked a bit, chose another fork, and then began to roll in earnest. Obediently, it kept to the sides, as near to the edge of the hedge as possible. As Jackson ran through the paths again, he heard nothing of “He cheating!...or...Hey! He’s following something!...So he figured it was below their line of sight. As it was the further and further he went along, he could hear cheers intermittently and then get more and more frequent as he somehow managed to avoid pitfall after pitfall.

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   He reached the center as it was starting to get dark.  He didn’t want to run the paths in the dark so he headed inside where it was warm and cozy.

 

   He ate dinner, watched a werewolf movie on the TV but went to bed early. If he wanted to run the maze out tomorrow before noon, he would have to get an early start.

 

   The next day the alarm woke him at 7 AM. He showered quickly, made a hurried ham omelet and wolfed it down. He found a few energy bars in the pantry and tossed them into his pack. Then he left, shut the door to reset the house and went over to the young apple tree that was growing in the very center of the center of the maze yard. He chose an especially rosy red apple and added that to his pack.

 

   Then he whispered his instructions to the thread and it dutifully rolled off.

 

   People had been keeping tabs on him on The Overlook ad as he got closer and closer back, the excitement grew to a fever pitch. As he grew nearer and nearer back to the start, everyone raced through the castle and onto the lawn to meet him.

 

   The thread scrolled and rolled and led him back and unrolled just in front of the last turn, rolled itself back up and stopped. Jackson picked it up, put it away and then stepped into view. He ran the rest of the way and out of the entrance. He pulled out the rose-red apple and held it aloft in triumph. There were deafening cheers, whistles, and clapping. He took a humble bow but they would have none of it. He was grabbed and carried on many shoulders as a hero back to the castle where Jack was waiting with open arms and a huge smile.

 

   Well, I’ll spare you the details of the speeches and ceremony but the long and the short of it is that he got the job, the men, the ladder, an assortment of trimming tools and several huge spools of thick rope and anything else his heart desired to start his job as groundskeeper of the Maze.

 

   Which, of course, is where Justin met him the next day after finishing his honeymoon in the White Tower.

 

TBC

 

 

End Notes:

REVIEWS ARE LOVE!

Chapter 9 - Sweet Sixteen. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

A/N:  I am SO sorry for the long delay! RL has kept me...occupied let's say and inspiration lagged. Also very sorry that this chapter is mostly more exposition but  next chapter we'll get this show on the road I promise!


Also couldn't shut up about horses for some reason. Again, sorry. Hope it's not too boring.


PLEASE   REVIEW!!

 

THE RED HOODY
PART 2
Chapter 5: Sweet Sixteen



   The day of Gus’ sweet sixteen birthday dawned as Sunny as Justin’s Sunshine, as golden as Brian’s eyes and as sweet as the birthday boy himself. A warm and fragrant breeze blew over the castle that fluttered all the flags that were on top of the many turrets.


   Gus awoke bright and early as he was wont to do. He was in his castle room today due to the celebrations that would take place later that day.  He always woke instantly, and bright and chipper. This annoyed Brian to no end because he was sluggish in the morning and needed at least two cups of coffee to feel halfway human.


   He stretched, did an easy 100 push ups and went to shower. After, he dressed in jeans and a nice dress shirt for the day. Over all he wore his omnipresent Red Hoody.


   Timothy had really found his passion and genius in tailoring. Gus thought fondly on his Opa as he admired his Hoody as if for the first time. It was so strange, but it was like the first time every time Gus picked up his Red Hoody and every time he loved it anew.


   Opa had been as good as his word and better, thought Gus fondly. He indeed had added to it year by year as he grew and moreover made other alterations so that with a tuck in here, a fold over there, snap up here, unsnap there, etc...etc...the Red Hoody was now a thing of wonder. It could be converted into: a full cloak that reached exactly to his ankles, a half riding cloak, a warm outside jacket, a light spring jacket, a hoody, and a inside dinner jacket. There were plenty of deep pockets that were all zippered.


   But the most wonderful thing about the Hoody was that there was a kind of magic attached to it. Gus didn’t know how Opa had done it and Opa would never say. He was just glad it was there.


   The Hoody could change into its different forms by itself, based on Gus’ surroundings or feelings and desires. If he was inside, it would remain as the dinner jacket unless he willed it otherwise. If it was cold outside it would transform into the warm jacket and if it was warmer into the cape, hoody, or light jacket depending on Gus mood.


   Gus threw it on (it was in dinner jacket mode) and banged out of his room. His little brothers and sisters were in the living room watching TV.


   In the ten years since Gus’ six birthday, Justin had had six more children. There was the first, the golden haired beauty who was coming up on his 12th birthday. He had been named something fancy but it was forgotten now because he had been nicknamed by everyone that met him who wanted to be his Buddy. And now that’s all there was. He was known only as Buddy. Then there was the next youngest, his brother Rudy. Rudy had brown hair, blue eyes and freckles. He was 10. The next was a girl with soft, dark hair and angelic features. They named her Jennifer. Justin wanted to name her after his mother whom he loved even though she could not be in their lives. Jennifer was 9 years old.


   The real Jennifer never recovered. She remained institutionalized to this day and was completely insane. She perpetually thought she was on a trip to Club Med and had the best to eat and ate with silver and dressed in gauzy white. She was attended by a hunky, muscular butler/attendant who did everything from bring her food to wave her with palm leaves. (she thought.)


   In reality, she was in her own wing of the asylum, Brian and Justin had caused it to look like a poolside outside area with a few palm trees and a nice bedroom that resembled a hotel room. She was locked in every night but since she never checked, she never knew. The attendant was muscular but the skimpy speedo costume he wore was only in her mind. Nurse Tucker wore only hospital whites.


   Brian and Justin visited her a few times but only behind one way glass but then gave up and just provided the hospital ridiculous sums of money to satisfy her eternal greed. Jennifer thought she was in the tropics and had let her vapid pleasure and consumerism... well... consume her. She wouldn’t have acknowledged them even if she had known they were there.


   And so, Brian and Justin had to move on with their lives. They had their children to think about. After Jennifer there was a pair of identical twin boys. They were blond and inseparable. They slept together and then in the same room, dressed alike, made their hair the same way, and ate the same things and at the same time. And they loved it this way. Their names were John and Matthew. They were 8.


   Justin had a brief respite and for a year or so lived an otherwise normal life. But all too soon he was knocked up again. This made Justin alternately want to jump for joy and murder Brian. Brian just smiled a shit eating grin which made Justin want to alternately jump his bones and murder him. It was a tempestuous pregnancy.


   Out of this hoohaw came Noah. It was a difficult pregnancy and a difficult birth. The baby had to be turned in utero or it would have been a breach birth. And after all that Justin figured he deserved a little rest and Noah means rest. Noah was 5.


   And shortly after, he was indeed given rest. One day, a few months after Noah had been born, Justin awoke and he was itchy....down there. His small pregnancy hole had shored up into a scabby mess. This scabbed over more and more and then one day in the shower it washed and rubbed off until there was only a small white scar left to remind him that anything had been there at all. It was gone and there were no more children.


   So there they all were: Buddy, Rudy, Jennifer, John and Mathew, and Noah. And Gus made seven. And that was quite enough for Justin.


   And there they all were, plugged into their various devices or watching TV. Gus started breakfast but conscripted the two older ones into helping him. No way was he doing all this by himself...well...anymore, now that a few were old enough to help.


   With the coffee brought his dads. As always they were sleepy and dishevelled. Justin had a smile on his face and as usual Brian was grumpy as a bear poked in the side with a hornet’s nest.


   “You wouldn’t have this problem if you didn’t drink this much coffee,” Gus said for what seemed like the millionth time, handing it over.


   “Happy 16th,” Brian returned, “How are you enjoying it?”


   “I’m enjoying it very much. Thank you Dad.”


   “Good.” Brian took a noisy sip. “Now shaddap or you won’t see 17!”


   Gus was used to this type of answer and ignored it. He sighed gustily and sat and perused his tablet screen for a used motorcycle. “Boy it sure is tough being your enabler,” he said.


   This was met with a snarl and then a contented sigh as Brian was at last caffeinated.


   After breakfast, they all got dressed to go down to the stables. When he was 14, Gus had been promised his own horse when he was 16 if he had kept up his home-schooled grades. Gus had more than delivered and was now anxious and excited to collect. He’d already picked out a magnificent specimen, a black Arabian. He had named him Onyx as he was black all over, even the irises of his eyes.


   Gus was ready yesterday and waiting for everyone had him hopping from one foot to the other in anticipation. It was teen angst at its finest and everyone ignored him to his annoyance.


      Finally, everyone was ready, they went outside. As he stepped out, the Hoody unsnapped here, molded itself here, resnapped there into light spring jacket mode. Gus ran ahead to the stables careful to not run into other patrons who were using the castle grounds and patios. Brian and Justin followed a bit more sedately along with the rest of the children who were eager to see the horses and which one Gus would choose.


   Thanks to the gift of beauty, the years had been kind to Brian and Justin. Their hair remained rich and colored and not only had they yet to see a wrinkle but they looked virtually the same as they did when they had first met. Brian was still hugely muscled which he maintained with rigorous weight training and Justin joined him for his exercise as well. And although Justin never got as massive as Brian, he had all sorts of pleasing bumps, six pack abs, and a deep chest of his own. Both of them still had a spring in their step, something that they were deliberately slowing down at the moment to further annoy the bouncing birthday boy. Both of them found this highly amusing.


   Gus was not amused. “Come on! Come on! Hurry up! Opa moves faster than you two!”


   “I don’t know what you mean,” Justin said, biting his cheek and bending to fuss with Noah for the sixth time in 60 steps.


   “I think you do! Now hurry up and stop fussing with that toddler! He’s as cute as he’s going to get today! Come on! I want my horse!”


   However, Brian and Justin continued to move along as sluggishly as the tempo of this chapter and so at last Gus took the initiative and just trotted ahead of them and went to the stables himself, moved down and over to stall 86 where the black Arabian stallion he had chosen a long time ago was housed.


   Arjax was there as always, and was very kind and courteous to Gus as if he were a little Prince of old, which in a way, he was. And when he saw which horse Gus was attached to, he was extremely pleased.


   “An excellent choice, milor—uh, Gus,” said Arjax in a proud voice. This is the biggest and healthiest horse I have in my stables. And it’s been newly gentled so it’s ready to ride.” As try as they might, the workers could not get past that they lived in a medieval castle and therefore sometimes slipped up in their titles to the upstairs crew. Some liked it, a lot of the guests loved it but Brian, Justin, Jack, and the original crew still cringed a bit.


   “I know. I’ve been keeping up with his progress and visiting him every day for a while now. We’ve developed quite a good rapport already, but today...I want to think of him as mine. No one else is to ride him. And I’ll take care of him from now on. The other stablehands have been showing me how.”


   “Very well, Gus,” Arjax said. “Do your fathers know?”


   “Yes. And they’ve been riding with me for quite a while. They know I can handle it. Although I don’t know if they realize I really want to take care of him every day. I’ve been learning in secret, you see.”


   “Learning what?” asked Brian, appearing out of thin air.


   “How to take care of my new horse,” Gus answered, “I’ve been mucking out his stall and feeding and watering and brushing him for 6 months now, every night.”


   “Are you sure this is what you want, son? You’ll have to do that in the morning now as well. Every day.”


   “I know Dad. And yes. I will.”


   Are you really sure of this?” Justin asked. Riding a horse was one thing but taking on one as a pet was whole different ballgame in his opinion.


   Gus climbed aboard and closed his eyes. His Hoody unsnapped and tucked and folded and blew out behind him as if in a high wind. When it settled it settled around his shoulders in the half riding cloak. It could have looked silly but it didn’t. Somehow, he pulled it off and he looked very regal indeed.


   “Yes. I am sure.” He said in a final word type of voice and everyone present could tell that he really was.


   And so, since Gus promised so fervently, had decided with such finality, and because this part of the chapter has gone on waaaayyy too long, Gus was at last allowed to saddle and bridle Onyx and lead him out of the stable and climb up upon his back and ride away across the grass and among the horse trails; their first official ride as horse and owner.


BJBJBJBJBJBJBJB


   He was hungry all the time now. So very hungry. But this hunger had nothing to do with his stomach.


   He hungered for revenge, thirsted for blood, thought about what he would do to the old man and the boy constantly. But the old man was protected by his iron fence and the boy by the Hoody that was as red as the blood he craved to spill. He was powerless, helpless and had remained so for these many years.


   He knew he could have attacked any of the other tender and juicy kids in their unconventional flock but he never really considered it. He wanted Gus. Gus was the Head Patron’s firstborn and he knew that his revenge involving the boy would strike the deepest blow against the father.


   But day after day, week after week, month after month, the boy wore that red talisman and he could do nothing to stop it. And so he had to wait.


   The months turned into years. And still Gus wore that accursed thing everywhere. Not only that, it developed magical properties that made it all the more valuable to the boy. And so, he was forced to wait and watch. He watched him grow up strong and healthy and happy with two sets of parents and a grandparent that loved him and it made his blood boil. The boy grew into a young man, a little Prince who was sexy and strong, confident and rich. And he was kind and humble and unassuming and pulled off everything else with a flair. And everyone loved him for it.


   And the more everyone else loved him, the more the Beast hated him; the more he wanted to kill him. If he had been hungry for his revenge before, now...now, he was positively ravenous. He must have his revenge. He MUST! The sooner, the better. And it was worse than ever before. Before, he wanted to kill the little Prince. Now...now, he wanted to make him suffer.


TBC

 

Chapter 10 - The Red Cloak. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

A/N: Sorry about the looonnng delay but I was horribly blocked. I'm getting over it but as a result the next few chapters are a bit shorter than usual. Also look for a darker tone to enter the story. Just a heads up. This is lookin' to be a Gus/Tim centered story. Sorry if this offends some people's sensibilities.

 

THE RED HOODY

PART 2

Chapter 6: The Red Cloak

 

   "GUS! GUS! Get over here kiddo! I have something for you! Hurry up and move your keister!"

   Gus was just coming back from stabling Onyx after a nice, long, invigorating run when he heard the call.

   "Coming, Aunt Beddy! Hold your horses! I was just putting mine to bed!" he yelled cheekily. As he ran, the Hoody snapped and folded and molded around him into dinner jacket mode, aka: relaxed and indoor.

   "Yeah, yeah! I've heard all about it!" Beddy breezed, like it was no big deal. "Happy Birthday, kiddo!"

   "Hey, I'm sixteen, not six! You can't call me that much longer!" warned Gus light-heartedly.

   "Don't I know it! You sprang up on me like a damn weed!" Beddy dabbed her eyes sentimentally.

   "Uh huh!" Gus said sceptically. Beddy was rarely sentimental. "All right, what do you want?"

   "Right!" Beddy brightened and switched channels faster than a soap opera addict. ‘Well, the thing is, we haven't seen Tim in a little while and Debbie and I have gotten a little concerned. We haven't seen him at the castle for a week now."

   "That's hardly strange. You know how he gets sometimes when he starts a special project. Sometimes he holes up for days and loses track of time."

   "Aaaaaanyway..." said Beddy in that overriding and thoroughly annoying way that some people have, "Deb and I baked a lasagne and a pan of brownies and we thought it might be a nice thing for you to take them out to him. You can use the bottomless basket."

   Gus agreed to this and in no time Beddy had shoved in a huge, glass pan of lasagne in one end and in the other prepared to shove in a simply enormous metal pan of deep dish brownies.

   "Tell Timothy to be careful with the brownies. One half has...you know...Debbie's secret ingredient."

   "Oh, for heaven's sake Beddy! You simply must get over this! Everyone knows it's weed. Just say it. Weeeed. It's not gonna kill you."

   Beddy puttered around and pretended not to hear this.

   Gus rolled his eyes. "Oh good grief! Well, anyway, which half are they in?"

   Beddy peered into the pan, turned it this way and that and back around to this. The smooth, dark brown, chocolatey goodness was perfectly uniform.

   "Uh oh."

   "Uh oh!? Is that all you have to say! Geez Louise, you guys are too much sometimes! He's nearly 80! He's too old to be getting baked by baked goods in this basket of goodies!"

   "Oh...yeeeess, Mother!" scoffed Beddy, "Just...make sure he knows to eat them in small squares. And maybe....take a test taste yourself from one side."

   "I'm only sixteen!"

   "Oh, well, I'm not saying make it a habit or get wasted, or anything. Just....take one for the team. Maybe you'll get lucky and you won't pick the side that will make you grow larger." She winked.

   Gus recognized the Alice in Wonderland reference to Alice eating the cakes and drinks that were laced with the magic to make her grow and shrink. He had long since figured out this was symbolic of drugs that "expanded one's mind" or otherwise made you hallucinate. He was not amused.

   Nevertheless, he took the basket of half-baked baked goods and proceeded across the back lawn towards the hedge maze. The Hoody snapped and unsnapped and folded out and changed into his half cape which fluttered angrily about in response to his dark mood.

   "Great!" he thought, "Dutiful grandson...and drug mule!"

BJBJBJBJBJBJ

   Before he even turned, he felt his hateful presence.

   Or rather, not his presence, but the presence of that hateful, horrible Hoody. He wondered if there was any other person, just one other living soul, dark or light, good or evil that could see what he saw. Could see what had kept him away for so long and was keeping him away still.

   While everyone else just saw a red hoody...or whatever... Jefferson Wolfe saw the truth. He saw what the Hoody really was.

   He turned and winced a bit as he always did and then schooled his face into a mask of normality, a task that was extremely difficult. The little Prince came striding across the lawn happy and carefree, unaware as always of the loathing and horror he inspired in Jackson every time he came near him. Unaware of the utter abomination on his back.

   To Jackson Wolfe, the Red Hoody was not red at all. It was white with golden patches and streaks running all through it. The white and gold joined together to combine into a brilliant light. Depending on the time of day, or simply how the sun chose to shine on it, the Hoody was a shining white light, or a shining golden beacon. This light was so pure, so filled with goodness, terrible, terrible goodness, that Jackson was forever repelled by it, forever prevented from going within 6 feet of the boy much less being able to rip out his throat, which is what Wolfe really wanted to do.

   Instead, he did what he always did, what he was forced to do to keep up this damnable charade.

   He smiled and waved at the loathsome little Prince and said cheerfully, "Good day, Gus! How are you doing today and where are you going?"

   "Good day, Mr. Wolfe. I am on my way to Opa Timothy with a basket of goodies. And how is your day today?"

   "Just fine. The maze is a lot of work but I'm plugging away," said Wolfe as always, pretending that he wasn't looking into the sun and being blinded. He succeeded...mostly. The wretched thing was a cape today and was flapping pure light into his face.

   Gus smiled politely and waited for Jackson to go away. They were directly across from the secret door and Gus couldn't get through until Jackson was safely away.

   Jackson smiled politely and just stood there. Through his smile, he hated the little prick of a Prince with every fibre of his being and hoped he was in his way. Apparently, he was. The little Prince just sort of stood there, shifting his weight from foot to foot, looking this way and that, pretending to admire the hedges of the maze and how sunny it was. Things grew increasingly awkward.

   Gus cleared his throat pointedly.

   "Getting a sore throat?" Jackson asked nastily.

   Gus started. He had never been talked to in that tone before and it was disconcerting. And Mr. Wolfe had always been...fairly pleasant to him. But this...he had sounded almost hopeful.

   The atmosphere became even more charged. Gus took a step back. Jackson stepped forwards. He was breathing raggedly and he made up his mind. They were alone here. He would force his way through the wretched light, grab the boy by the throat, drag him into the maze, strangle him and leave his body in a dead end deep inside where nobody would come upon him. Then he'd dump the body somewhere else in the deep of the night.

   "Uh...no, I guess I'm fine. Are you all right, Mr Wolfe? Mr. Wolfe? You look so strange? What are you trying to do?"

   Jackson was squinting his eyes and reaching for him, stretching, taking a slll-oooo-www step toward him at an angle. It looked oddly enough as if he were trying to force his way forward, the way someone might try to force their way against a gale force wind.

   Without any kind of warning and with a rapidity that rather frightened Gus, the Red Hoody streamed straight out behind him, unsnapped, unfurled to full length and then in a violent motion wrapped itself around him with the tightness of a straightjacket. Four snaps he was unaware of snapped up down his front.....1!...2!...3!...4!! Just as fast as that! The hood flipped up.

   Jackson screamed. The light that mimicked the sun doubled its brightness. Jackson was unaware that such a thing was possible. But it was.

   Gus watched in stupefaction as Jackson Wolfe screamed in agony for no reason at all and then was propelled off his feet and through the air 20 feet away from him. It was as if he had been hit with a powerful force field.

   Jackson flew through the air and landed heavily on his back and lay like one dead.

   Gus was left there, standing there in a full on cloak, not just cape but cloak. It felt heavier than usual, was snapped up all the way down his front to his naval and encircled him completely. The hood also felt heavier and was so deep it gave him tunnel vision. He was still scared, scared of Jackson Wolfe, scared of what he was trying to do but also a little scared of the Hoody now too. This was an incarnation he had never really seen before and he had definitely never seen it react this fast or violently before.

   And Mr. Wolfe! Mr. Wolf had looked so strange right before it happened. All squinty and teeth bared and he had talked so nastily to him. Granted, Gus had never been friends with him but he hadn't disliked him before now. But he disliked him now.

   And so, he had no qualms whatsoever when he turned and fled the scene, heading for the door in the ivy. He tried to pull down the hood for better visibility but the cloak was having other ideas. The hood flipped back up.

   "Oh fine then! Be that way! Boy, you've gotten bossy all of a sudden!" Gus muttered to himself and to the Cloak.  The Cloak remained mute and resolute.

   Gus flipped back the ivy curtain, and yanked out the key. He looked back at the motionless form of Jackson Wolfe and then unlocked the secret door and slipped inside.  He made sure the man was still out cold as he let the ivy fall back into its concealing position again. Then he closed and locked the door.

   The inside of the forest was cool and green and dark. But Gus could find enjoyment in none of this, not after the traumatic encounter and not while the Hoody turned Cloak wrapped itself around him like a lovesick python.

   He hurried down the path as quick as he could, the cloak streaming out a bit behind him but not by much. It was still in full protection mode.

   Gus trotted and then ran and didn't stop running until he reached Opa's house.

BJBJBJBJBJBJ

   Outside on the lawn, near the mouth of the Maze, Jackson Wolfe lay like a dead man.

   But he was not dead. He was not even unconscious. But he knew he was beat so he played possum. Through slitted eyes he had watched Gus run away. He watched and saw everything.

   Alone now, he sat up, a fierce and feral smile stretching his face into something that was truly terrible to behold.

   He got up, and strode over to the ivy curtain and pushed it aside and looked at the door. He stroked it lightly with his fingers in wonder. He tried the handle. It was locked.

   The Patrons had kept their secret well. For 11 years he had worked the Maze, trimmed and clipped and raked and chopped the clippings for compost. For 11 years he had been around this general vicinity and never knew this portal out of the castle grounds existed. For 11 years he had never been able to return to the forest.

   Although his beard was iron grey Wolfe was not an old man. But he had played his part well and most people didn't notice his powerful physique and those he did wondered about it for a bit and then looked through it.

   Now he flexed his chest. It was deep and wide and full. He rolled up his sleeves and flexed his arms. His biceps flexed like softballs.

   He took a quick look around and then held both fists together. He drew them back and then punched the door near the handle with the vicious force of a battering ram.

TBC

 

Chapter 11 - The Big Bad Wolfe. by Britin4ever71


THE RED HOODY
PART 2
Chapter 7: The Big Bad Wolfe



   Gus ran up to Opa's gate and pushed the intercom.


   "Who is it!!?" demanded a querulous voice. "Go away!"


   "Opa! Opa! It's me, Gus! Open up, hurry! I need help! I - I might be in trouble!"


   BUUUUZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!


   There were only three people who received unrestricted admittance to Timothy's house. Brian, Justin, and Gus. That's it. Anyone else, even his shrink may or may not be subjected to the most rigorous interrogation the likes of which made the CIA or NSA or Interpol or those types of interrogation look like a friendly Q&A session at a garden tea party. And even after that you may or may not have the privilege of having Timothy buzz you in. This was especially irritating if it were raining. But that made no never mind to Tim. If he made up his mind that day not to open up, that was it.


   Timothy's fence and house had undergone a steady evolution of repair and reno over the years. Justin never forgot that it was Timothy who gave him the key to their prosperity in the first place and so had insisted he be denied nothing. The house now had three stories, gables and dormers, solar panels on the roof, a garden that was twice as big as when he started, a basement, and a bomb shelter. There were three guest rooms, a luxury kitchen, a bathroom on each floor and a small bath for every bedroom. There was a large workroom for his tailoring and in his huge bedroom, Timothy had a king size bed made of memory foam.


   Outside, Brian had erected a ten foot high iron picket fence all the way around Tim's property within a week of his moving in. This was good for a while but eventually Tim grew bored with this and started bringing sketches up to the castle. Justin loved them and loved it every time Tim would do this as Tim let him embellish and detail the drawings. These were given to a metalworker who would then make the drawings into metal and build them all the way around.


   After 11 years of this, the fence was over 20 feet high. Iron vines and thorns ran in a jagged irregular pattern around the poles, which were huge and were rounded spikes at the top. There were iron faces of cats and dogs and lions and bears and wolves, all with jagged teeth. There were fishhooks, tribal patterns and spirals from huge to tiny curlicues. The whole thing was jagged and a maze of spikes. It looked primeval, medieval, and just plain....evil. The simple latch gate that they started out with, no longer fit this thing. So it was reformed and added and made into a huge jail cell type door that was fitted with an intercom.


   It was this door that Gus now yanked on the sculpted handle and pushed on through. The door swung back and crashed and locked satisfyingly behind him. He ran up to the house and Timothy opened the door before he could dash up onto the wraparound porch, which was twice was deep as it had been at the start. It was equipped with curtains made out of screen that could be lowered and raised like blinds.


   Gus flew into his arms and Timothy relished the contact from one of the only people he truly loved and trusted. "Gus, kinder! What's wrong? You said you were in trouble!?"


   "Opa! Opa look at me! Look at the Hoody!"


   Tim looked and then mentioned mildly, "Well! I've never seen it like this before."


   "I think it's new!"


   "All right. But what's wrong?"


   "It's how it got to be this way. You see..."


   "Stop! I simply can't listen to a long story without some iced tea! And maybe an ice cream sandwich. You want?"


   "Yes, of course, please! Oh, but Opa, he might be coming..."


   "Nope! No spoilers! I simply won't hear of it! You're perfectly safe in here, Gus. I'll be a hornswoggled horny toad before anything gets past that fence. So just relax."


   Apparently, the Red Hoody agreed, for it at last released its kung fu grip and began to retract and fold up. Gus just stood there, arms out like he had learned to and let the Hoody mold around him and in a few seconds he was wearing dinner jacket hoody. The hood fell back.


   Gus made himself useful and pulled a few of the screen blinds down. Lucky came out and barked and made a nuisance of himself by getting underfoot. Gus aimed a pat at him in an absent-minded way.


   By the time he was finished with the blinds and setting the outdoor table, Opa Tim had come tottering out with a silver...ish tray of ice tea and delectable chocolate ice cream sandwiches with cookie and cream ice cream.


   They sat and Gus described his encounter with Jackson Wolfe and the Hoody subsequent behavior. When he finished, Opa Tim just sat there calmly stroking his beard thoughtfully. And when he did speak, it was stupefying and maddeningly calm.


   "Ahhh! So, he has shown himself at last!"


   Gus did a double take. "Huh!!? Opa, what are you talking about? Who's shown himself?"


   "Instead of answering, Tim asked, "Gus, do you remember your sixth birthday, when I gave you the Hoody?"


   "Yes, of course."


   "What do you remember of your time here before that? Before your sixth birthday."


   Gus thought back and then squinted in puzzlement. "That's...harder to remember. I remember things being a lot simpler. I remember... bees...and...lots of sunshine. Lots of bright days."


   "Gus..." Tim said gently, trying to prepare him, "Briton Castle has a lot of things but it has never had any beehives."


   Gus thought about it and looked up in wonder. "You're right...But I distinctly remember..."


   "I know, my boy, I know. The time has come for you to know the truth. You may not believe me...or remember...but you must be told all the same. The evil one has shown his hand. And now that he has, he won't stop until he kills you."


   The evil one? Killed...??? Gus' head spun as Tim rose and beckoned and then shuffled into the house. Gus followed, a cookie and cream ice cream sandwich in one hand and a bowl to catch the drippings in the other. Whatever mystery lay ahead, Gus was sure he'd need the comfort food. Besides, they were too damn good to leave behind.


BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ


   A short while later the ice cream sandwich lay forgotten in the bowl melting a puddle-ey, cruel death.


   Gus was wide-eyes with disbelief. Bright Men? Leo? What was going on here?


   "Opa, what are you talking about? Have you lost it?"


   "At this point in my life that would probably be preferable!" snapped Tim, "However, every word is the truth."


   "But I don't remember any of this! And I certainly don't remember any Leo!"


   "Wherever he is, I'm sure that would make him very sad. But he predicted as such and that's why he gave me what he did."


   "One of these "bright men" gave you something? What was it?"


   "I'll tell you only if you take that tone out of your smart mouth, young man! Oh, Gus! Where do you think all that magic that powers that castle comes from? And I know, you've spent more than a few holidays in the White Tower! Gus...when you were little...when you could see them...you told us that they reminded you of bees flying around a nest!"


   Gus just stared.


   Timothy motioned their way into his workroom. The workroom was huge, with several looms filled with different projects, shelves and cupboards filled with yarns of all types, of all colors. Along a long low table was an area with knitting needles arranged according to size, crochet needles according to size, yarn needles, and sewing needles according to size. There were 10 sewing machines grouped around a central island. In one corner there was a computer setup with three screens, two towers and one wi-fi connection.


   However, Timothy cared for none of this and went straight to a corner cupboard, reached into the very back and pulled out two items that seemed forgotten but were gleaming new even though they looked to be very old.


   The first was small ball of yarn. It was hardly anything, about the size of a gumball. It was the color of pure gold, not just yellow, but gold, and it seemed to gleam in the light of day it was suddenly seeing.


   The other item was a swatch of cloth about 1 foot by 2 feet. It was white cotton, soft as anything with streaks and patches of gold running through it.


   "On the night that Leo came to me to warn me about the great evil and that he could no longer guard you, he left me with two balls of this, each as big as a basketball. Maybe even a little bigger. He produced it out of his own body somehow, like it was a part of him. I sewed it up along with normal cloth and made your Hoody. Over the years, I added and altered it until it is what you wear. And now, this is all that's left. This is all that is left of Leo now."


   He spread out the swatch. "I dyed it, of course. But this...this is what your Hoody really looks like."


   "My God! It's so beautiful!" breathed Gus.


   "It was a real shame to cover it up. But your parents would never have let me give a six year old a hoody looking like this. So I kept this back to remind me and because I knew this day would eventually come. But underneath the red, this is here. This is why your Hoody can re-form into whatever it likes by itself. This is why you love it so. And this is why the evil one hates you so much and has at last shown his hand. He must have been waiting these long years to get at you and has lost patience. I never did like that Jackson Wolfe! Hmmmppphhh!"


   "Ohh, Opa! You don't like anybody if you can help it!"


   "Ain't that the truth!"


   They both snickered like naughty schoolboys.


BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ


   Jackson smashed in the door above the handle, leaving a jagged hole. He then used this hole to rip the handle out of the door.


   He pushed on the door. The ruined door slowly revealed a dark and green passageway. It seemed vaguely...familiar. The door's hinges creaked mournfully.


   Jackson pushed his way forward through the ivy. After the bright lawn, that unending sunny lawn and maze, the forest was delightfully cool and dark. Jackson reveled in it for about one second before it happened.


   He had only taken two or three steps off the boundary of Briton Castle when an unimaginable pain, like fire and knives ripped through him. He dropped to his knees. He leaned over into a thick bush of shrubbery and vomited. But even as he did, he could feel his face changing. His grey hair and beard grew completely over and his face was growing into a snout. At the same time his torso swelled and his arms grew and he could tell he was taller too. His buttons popped and his arm seams ripped and his feet busted out of his shoes. He realized his feet were paws with huge talon-like claws. His arms and hands were furry and paw-like with claws as well.


   Grey hair was growing all over his chest His shirt was gone. The bottom of his pants was cut to ribbons. It was a miracle they stayed on at all but somehow they did.  He screamed in agony and it came out a roar.


   And then it was over. He stood and he towered 10 feet tall. His torso and arms were huge with rippling muscle and covered with course grey hair. He was dressed only in ripped pants now. His face was a wolf face without a doubt.


   He remembered this. He remembered. This was his first transformation. The transformation that had ended when the house had become a castle.


   He looked back and somehow he knew...he was back in the forest...past the boundary of whatever magic that had stripped him of his wickedness and trapped him in that god-awful maze. And he had never found his way back....till now. Now...he was back where he belonged. And the little man-cub was out there....out there in his dominion.


   With a bark of pure joy, Jackson Wolfe pushed off trail and ran through the brush and thickets as if they weren't even there. He ran a straight path, the shortest way to the grandfather's house.


BJBJBJBJBJ


   After their giggle fit, Gus and Tim sobered quickly.


   "So what do we do now?" asked Gus.


   "I think it's time to leave. One of us has to warn the others at the castle and get help. If only there was some sort of magic microphone that we could use! I don't suppose your aunts thought up anything interesting when they packed this thing?" Tim asked, as he rummaged around but all he found was the steaming lasagna.


   "I have my cell phone," said Gus.


   "Ooohh, that'll work!"


   "No it won't! Oh no! The battery's dead. I must have overdid it playing Angry Birds last night!"


   "Why...the hell...would you be playing with angry birds?" Tim asked, misunderstanding completely, "Can't you thrill-seeking whippersnappers feed corn and seeds to ducks and swans like a normal person!!?"


   "Not real angry birds, Opa! It's an app...a game on....oh, never mind! What I mean is my phone won't work!"


   "Then you'll have to run for help. I'll stay here and lock myself in. Don't worry, I'll be perfectly safe."


   "But aren't you coming with me!?"


   "No. I'll only slow you down. Don't worry, the Hoody will protect you. Also you can take Lucky. Don't go back the way you came. If Wolfe survived, he's surely found my door by now. Run along the path to your mothers' house and ask them for help. Hurry along now. I'll be all right."


   "OK. But I really don't want to leave you. I love you, Opa."


   "I love you too kinderling. More than all the rest in the wide world. But I'll be all right. You have to hurry."


   Gus agreed with this and so he hugged Opa Tim fiercely and then left the house and ran along the forest path that led to his mothers' pink house with Lucky loping along behind him.


   The Hoody snapped and unsnapped and molded around him in full cape mode. The hood flipped up. This was cautious and ready for anything mode.


BJBJBJBJBJBJ


   Wolfe ran as fast as he could until he reached the grandfather's house. He arrived just in time to see Gus wearing that damnable Hood run out of the gate and into the forest. The dog went with him.


   Without any real plan, Wolfe ran out behind Gus' back and grabbed the gate before it could close all the way. He knew iron was repellant to actual wolves and it affected him no less but as a wolf-man he could resist it a little. As it was the bars burned his hand as if they had been heated in a fire but he persevered and pushed his way through even as he heard the sizzle and smelled the charred fur and flesh on his palm. He stifled the whine of pain that would have given him away and then he was through and the gate was closing behind him with a crash.


   Wolfe stalked up to the door and knocked gently. He reached into his memory of his past life and tried to recall and mimic the brat's voice. It was such a short time ago but it seemed like ages past.


   "Opa! Opa! Let me in! I forgot something," said the wily Wolfe.


   "Gus? You sound strange. You OK? What did you forget?" Timothy opened the door.


   Wolfe smashed his way in with the force of a freight train and pinned Timothy to the way by the throat.


   "I forgot to eat you allll...up!" he yelled in his snarly voice.


BJBJBJBJBJBJ


   High above somewhere, the sun was shining, shining with all its might. It did its very best to make the fields and forests green and bright.


   Alas it only managed to make the tops of the trees bright. The light filtered down into the woods and could not shine brightly and in some areas, not at all. The leaves filtered the light, making everything damp, cool, and dark. The greenness of the many leaves turned the very light of the forest green. And so it was, that Gus found himself running, running, running along the path to the pink house down what was essentially a green tunnel.


   A quarter ways...half way....farther then that...then suddenly Gus caught sight of something from the corner of his eye off to his left. He stopped short and went on alert


   A huge man in rustic garb, that is, hiking boots, jeans, and flannel shirt and jean jacket was stepping out of the forest and onto the path. He was huge and wide and his muscles were so big all his clothes looked sprayed on but it was enough so that he could walk through any thickets without feeling like anything was there. He carried an axe.


   Lucky positioned himself between the huge man and Gus and bared his teeth and barked fiercely.


BJBJBJBJBJBJB


   Timothy struggled and choked but he couldn't get loose. He began to go a little blue.


   Wolfe opened his mouth and prepared to rip his prey's throat out.  He lowered his jaws until Tim could smell his fetid breath. He was sad that this...this... would be the last thing he remembered.


   At the last minute though, Wolfe stopped, released his grip a bit and straightened up.


   Tim gasped for breath but was still restrained.


   "No..."growled Wolfe, "You are old...tough...wrinkled. You would make a disgusting meal. I think I'll wait for the Patron's prince to come back. He'll be soft and tender....and his blood so see-weeeet...So red...just like that cloak he wears he thinks is!"


   "Not anymore! I showed him the truth!" wheezed Tim, "I'm glad to hear it's been a thorn in your side for so long!"


   Wolfe bared his fangs and roared as loud as he could into Timothy's face unleashing years of pent up rage. It was as scary as a horror movie.


   "In the hours to come, you may not be so glad!" he snarled.


   Then he laughed and dragged Timothy deeper into the house by the hold he had on his throat.


TBC

 

Chapter 12 - The Woodsman. by Britin4ever71

THE RED HOODY

 

PART 2

 

Chapter 8: The Woodsman

 

 

 

   For a minute Gus remained on guard and unsure what to do. The light was dim and green and he could not see the huge man clearly. He did not know if he was friend or foe. He might have been Jackson Wolfe come after him, although Gus was unsure how this could be possible.

 

   Lucky continued to bark. Gus reached out a hand mindlessly and took hold of his collar which stopped him somewhat. But he too remained on high alert and growled deep in his throat.

 

   The woodsman walked out of the woods and toward them until Gus held up a hand and said: "That's far enough! Stop!"

 

   The woodsman stopped. His face was deep in shadow.

 

   "Who are you?"

 

   "That is difficult to explain," said the man.                                                        

 

   "Try..." ground out Gus, "Or I'll set my dog on you and while he's chewing your face off, I'll make my escape."

 

   Lucky growled and gave a hopeful, malevolent bark.

 

   "I am the Ward of the Wood. I take care of the trees and animals and set the souls of confused men onto the right paths again before they get too horribly lost in my forest."

 

   "You don't look like a forest ranger."

 

   "I'm not. But I suppose....I suppose our job is similar." Even though the man was deep in shadow, Gus could hear the smile in his voice.

 

   Gus frowned sceptically. "Come into the light," he requested softly, "And tell me your name. Tell me who you are!"

 

   The sunlight was filtered and green to be sure. At another time, it would be rich and full of the promise of growth but now...somehow it just looked sickly and creepy to Gus. There were patches where the sun managed to pierce through, creating a dappled effect on the ground. It was to one of these patches that the woodsman stepped up to now. His face slowly came into view. He opened his mouth to speak.

 

JBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   Back at Opa's house, Timothy was having a much more unpleasant time.

 

   Wolfe dragged him by the throat up to the bedroom and threw him on the bed like a sack of garbage.

 

   "STAAAYYY THERRRRREE!!!!" Wolfe roared in a feral voice that was the scariest he could muster. Timothy was sufficiently scared into submission. As it was his old man's heart was having trouble keeping up with him. He desperately tried to take deeper breaths.

 

   Wolfe rummaged around in Timothy walk in closet and found a bedsheet, and as many ties as he could get. He used the ties to tie up the old man hand and foot and quite a bit around the torso as well. Then he tied two together and gagged the old man with the knot. All the roping was cruelly tight.

 

   Then he stuffed the old man in the closet and shut off the light, leaving him in inky blackness. Sure it was a walk in, but the sensory deprivation was terrifying.

 

   "Stay quiet and you may yet live through this! Try warning anyone in any way and you both die instantly!!" the wicked Wolfe said before he slammed the door.

 

   Wolfe went back through the house and put everything he could back in order. He put anything knocked over right way up and straightened the pictures on the wall. The front door was another matter; it hung forlornly by one hinge. Wolfe wasn't worried; it all played perfectly into his plan.

 

   He went back up to the bedroom.

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   The Ward of the Wood was gorgeous.

 

   His nose was classic and fit his big face well. His eyes were sparkling and blue, his forehead high, his chin square and cleft. His cheekbones were high and strong. In short, his face fit his ripped bod perfectly.

 

   "My name is Le--..." he hesitated.

 

   "Yes?" Gus asked.

 

   "Lee. Just Lee. And you, Red Hood, who are you and where are you going?"

 

   "I am the firstborn of the Patrons of Britin Castle. I'm Gus. I'm on my way to my mothers' house."

 

   "You have breached the borders of Britin Castle. Your title means little to those who dwell in the forest and even less if they are evil of heart or do not know you. As it is, I do know who you are and you have nothing to fear from me, Gus."

 

   "I've never met you before," said Gus, "How do you know who I am?"

 

   "I met your grandfather when you were 5 years old. It's too far back for you to remember, but I remember you now that you have identified yourself."

 

   "I see. You say I have nothing to fear but that axe tells another story."

 

   "What, this?" asked Lee, examining his axe and then put it back over his shoulder, business end away from both of them. "This is simply the tool of my trade. I thin out the trees so the others don't feel crowded and then sell the firewood. Also, you wouldn't begrudge a man self defence against a wolf or cougar, would you, Red Hood?"

 

   "I suppose not." Gus was unable to suppress a shudder.

 

   "What's the matter, Red Hood?" Lee asked kindly.

 

   "That's kind of why I'm on the run right now. Only it's a man named Wolfe. At least...I think he's a man...my Opa...that's grandpa, he says he's a great evil... but I've done nothing...nothing to him....Why? Why does he want to kill me?" He began to shake uncontrollably.

 

   Lee leaned his axe against a nearby tree and approached Gus by a few steps. Lucky snarled and bared his teeth.

 

   Lee smiled. "Ahhhh, I forgot about you. Lucky, Lucky, what a good dog! From here to forever, you will bring good fortune to whoever owns you. And though you will not live forever, a long life you will have! Look what I have for you!"

 

   Lee reached into his pockets and pulled out such a mass of beef, chicken and turkey jerky that Lucky thought he'd died and gone to heaven. He approached warily; he wanted to protect Gus but the meat was calling to him like a siren.

 

   Lee laughed and pulled out even more and gave everything to the dog.  There was a small pile on the ground. Lucky was now definitely in heaven and decided the stranger was all right. Anyone with this much meat in his pocket had to be a good friend and master. He barked joyfully and chowed down but kept a wary eye on Gus.

 

   Lee was now able to approach Gus all the way and enfolded Gus into a protective and consuming hug. Gus relished the strength and body heat, unaware how cold he was even in the Hoody. He realized there seemed to be ice in the very marrow of his soul. He began to cry.

 

   For a long time, they stood there, Gus weeping softly at the unfairness of it all, and Lee rocking him, letting him absorb his protection and strength. And slowly, the ice melted and Gus felt warm and safe again. His dads were great. So were his moms but...oh, but Gus hadn't felt like this in forever, not since...

 

   He pulled back and looked up with shining eyes. "Your name....your name's not Lee, is it?"

 

   The Ward of the Wood smiled with shiny eyes of his own. "Nope."

 

   "Leo??"

 

   "Hi Gus. I've missed you...so much."

 

   "You...you're the one my Opa told me about? The one that protected me as a kid?"

 

   "I am."

 

   "I don't remember you."

 

   Leo reached out and slowly pushed back the hood onto Gus' shoulders. He stroked his hair and then cupped his cheek in a huge strong hand and Gus unconsciously leaned into it. God help him, this felt...so...so good.

 

   Leo smiled. "You remember enough. And anyway...I remember you."

 

   "I don't understand. Why did you say you were Ward of the Wood?"

 

   "It is who I will be."

 

   "I don't understand."

 

   "I know. It's all right Gus. What you do need to understand is that I have come to you to help you...one last time. I saw the evil one drop the wool of sheep's clothing he has been wearing for so long and attack you. I left my duties to follow you and keep an eye on you and keep you on the right path."

 

   "Will you get into trouble? I thought the Bright Men were only at the castle."

 

   "I haven't done anything...horribly direct. I will be all right. Now, listen carefully, little Gus. I have the power to help you one more time....just one last time....and then you shall never see me again. I want you to take this." He opened a ham-sized fist and there was a shining, silver whistle in his palm.

 

   "Very soon, the evil one will engage you. If you absolutely cannot defeat him, at the last possible peril, it is then you must blow this whistle and I will come to you and help you. But only in the most dire of emergencies and it is only for one use so use it wisely. Do you understand, Red Hood?" Leo handed him the whistle and took hold of Gus' hood and drew it up again lovingly.

 

   "I understand. I will use it wisely. Thank you for all your help Leo. Now, I should hurry though. Come on, Lucky!"

 

   Lucky found he was on the last piece of jerky. Sighing, he got to his feet and he and Gus began to run on.

 

   "Wait Gus! Where are you going?" Leo called.

 

   "I'm getting help from my moms! That's where I was headed."

 

   "Your moms cannot help you now," Leo said sorrowfully.

 

   "Why!? What do you mean?" Gus asked alarmed.

 

   "They left for France, three days ago, remember? They are not there. You must go back."

 

   "Oh no! And it's twice that far to the castle now! Oh what am I going to do?"

 

   "Come with me. Follow closely."

 

   Leo strode off the path into the woods for a bit. Gus and Lucky followed.

 

   After a few minutes of bush trekking, they came across a thin trail. Leo pointed back the way Gus had come and said, "I told you, one of my jobs was to set lost men on the right path. Follow this trail back to your Opa's house and it will take you half the time. But take care...do not stray from this path at all costs and do not take your Hoody off....no...matter...what. This is all I can do for you now, little Gus. Now, hurry!"

 

   Gus looked down the narrow trail which was also green and creepy and curved very quickly on to the left.

 

   "Thank you, Leo! Thank you for everything! And don't worry! I won't stray or use the whistle unless I have to. "I'll never for-"

 

   "Hurry...." Said a voice softly, as if it were being carried on the wind.

 

   Gus looked around startled. Leo was gone.

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJB

 

   Wolfe shut off all the lights and made his way to the bedroom. He checked in on his captive who was still petrified with fear. Wolfe just laughed and slammed the door again.

 

   He took the bedsheet he had selected and made a slit with a claw near the middle and poked his head through it so he was wearing the sheet like a bedgown.

 

   As it was, he was only wearing his ripped, ruined pants. With this on, it would seem he was wearing the semblance of normal clothes. At least...it would seem like that...until it was too late.

 

   Chuckling evilly, he shut off the light and got into bed.

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   The path curved left, then right, then left again. Then, as if it suddenly decided to make up its mind, the path went straight as an arrow through the trees.

 

   Lucky ran on ahead and Gus ran obediently down the path, his Red Cape streaming straight out behind him. He did not stray to the left or the right.

 

   And in what seemed like no time at all, he ran out into his grandfather's clearing, quite close to the fence, near the back.

 

   Keeping close to the fence he ran around to the front. He saw the door hanging on one hinge Alarmed, he buzzed in at the gate frantically.

 

   "Hello..." wavered a weak voice.

 

   "Opa!! Opa!! Are you all right!?"

 

   "No! Wolfe broke in right after you left!  I was so scared! I'm in my bedroom, but I'm still scared! I feel cold! Help me Gus!"

 

   "I'll do what I can. Buzz me in."

 

   "Right...OK..."

 

   BZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

   Gus let Lucky in and then was in like a shot. He ran up to the ruined door and cautiously passed through.

 

   It was creepier than last time. All the lights were off. Opa never turned off all the lights. Something was definitely off.

 

   Very worried now, Gus made his way to Tim's bedroom. Reluctantly, he reached out and knocked.

 

   "Opa?" he asked.

 

   "Come in Gussy," said a wavering yet raspy voice.

 

   Gus slowly turned the knob. Even more slowly, more reluctantly he opened the door.

 

   The bedroom as well, was shrouded in darkness, almost pitch black.

 

   "Opa? You in here? Why's it so dark?"

 

   "Come in, my child. Please Gus...leave the light off...After my ordeal...I need to rest my weary eyes."

 

   "Oh. OK then.' Fighting a deep sensation of foreboding and fear, Gus slowly pushed the door open and then...slipped inside.

 

   "Oh Gussy! Thank heavens you're back! He tortured me and threatened to eat me if I didn't tell him where you were. He ran off into the forest! Thank heavens you didn't cross him!"

 

   "That's the truth! Are you OK, Opa? You sound a little...weird."

 

   "I'm just weak...so weak....and cold. I can't seem to get warm."

 

   "I can try to get a hot water bottle..."

 

   "Oh...uh....I have one. It's not working....Ohhhh....so cold..."

 

   "Oh! Well, what should we do?"

 

   "Well...I know it's asking a lot....But I did have this idea....Oh Gus, please...If you took off your Hoody...and your clothes you could snuggle with me...just for a bit...just for body heat."

 

   "Uhhhhh....hmmmmm...well, I guess that'd be OK...If it's for body heat," decided Gus, "Just a sec."

 

   There was a pause as Gus disrobed and then he climbed into the bed, spooning "Opa" from behind.

 

   "I feel your bedclothes. But something feels different," said Gus.

 

   "What do you mean, my child?"

 

   "Your body...and your arms! They're so big Opa!"

 

   "All the better to hug you with Gus."

 

   "And...your eyes have nightshine! They're so big, Opa!"

 

   "All the better to see you with, my dear," rasped Wolfe.

 

   "Your ears! They're hairy! And simply enormous!" said Gus.

 

   "All the better to hear you with, my dear!"

 

   Gus' hands traced downward. "And Opa! What a big nose you have! And it's damp!"

 

   "All the better to smell you with, my dear," rasped "Opa" raggedly.

 

   "Oh dear!" Gus went very still.

 

   "What's the matter kinder?"

 

   "Opa...what big teeth you have!!"

 

   "All the better to eat you up with!" Wolfe yelled in his real voice and Gus screamed. There was a scuffle in the dark as he tried to escape but it was no use. Those huge arms went around him squeezing painfully, pulling him back.  And then those big teeth closed over his head and all he could smell was warm and fetid wolf breath.

 

   And with that, Jackson Wolfe ate him alllllll up.

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

A/N: It's official...Yes, I AM satanically evil! However, I like to reiterate this is TBC and NOT The End. But that's all I'm saying.

 

Chapter 13 - The Darkest Part of the Forest. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

WARNING!!! The following chapter is not for the faint of heart! But I just couldn't dumb it down into a people pleaser without it being totally wrecked.


OK. The following chapter contains violence, scary stuff, graphic portrayal of attempted rape, and a character death. This is a spoiler in itself, but I'll comfort myself with the fact  that I'm not going to tell you who it is.


These changes will be reflected in the summary.

 

THE RED HOODY
PART 2
Chapter 9:

 

The Darkest Part of the Forest

 

 

 

 

 

   Well, I may have exaggerated with a few of the facts in that last bit.

 

 

 

   OK, OK! You got me! I lied. Well sort of. Not really. Well, just a little.

 

 

 

   I'd better explain.

 

 

 

   Jackson Wolfe did grab Gus and he did bite down to make a meal of ours and Brian's sweet sixteen. But when he did he felt as if he were biting down on red hot coals and a fire burned his mouth and tongue all the way down his throat.

 

 

 

   Wolfe howled and yowled and jumped away and out of the bed. He rolled on the floor in agony. Gus as well jumped up and turned on the light.

 

 

 

   Then he stood over the tortured Wolfe and yelled "Where's my grandpa, asshole!?"

 

 

 

   But Wolfe could only howl and roll and gargle in agony, holding his throat.

 

 

 

   "Your...hood....your hood....howww??"

 

 

 

   Gus stood over him, wearing his pants, no shirt and his Hoody in full cape mode. The hood was up. He had taken off his shirt to fool the Wolfe but...

 

 

 

   "A very wise man told me to never...ever take off my Hoody!" he declared proudly, misunderstanding completely.

 

 

 

   "But...how....how...did you get...it like that!?"" Wolfe rasped.

 

 

 

   "What are you talking about?" Gus looked around and caught sight of himself in a mirror for the first time since he had entered the forest. He gasped.

 

 

 

   His red hood was now a golden one. It was as if it had been made out of spun gold and shone as brightly as the sun at dawn's light. The rest of his cloak....

 

 

 

   "RRRAAAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

 

 

   Wolfe was recovering slowly and pounced, jumping across the room in one bound. He grabbed Gus by the throat, completely encircling his neck in one huge furry hand. He pulled his other huge fist back and tried to squeeze. But the more he tried the more he couldn't. And he couldn't strike. He roared again, so loud it made Gus' ears ring and sprayed him with spittle.

 

 

 

   "Dude! Breath mint!" Gus was revolted.

 

 

 

   "Hmmmmmm. It seems in this transformed state, I can finally get near enough to wipe that smug little smile off your face! But...I just...can't...kill you!"

 

 

 

   "Well good! Now leggo! Leggo!"  Gus thrashed around trying to escape.

 

 

 

   Wolfe just laughed and tapped him in the solar plexus. This felt like much more than a tap to Gus though and he instantly had the wind knocked out of him and Wolfe easily threw him back on the bed.

 

 

 

   "WRONG!! It's very, very bad!! For you! Since I can't kill you, I'm going to make you regret each and every day you live from now on! You'll pray for death and you never will until your last day!! And I can feel it...this ...this thing is expanding your life span!" He laughed cruelly and jumped on top of Gus.

 

 

 

   "Get off! OOOFFFF!!! GET OFFFFFF!!!" Gus yelled and with strength he didn't know he had rammed an elbow back, which knocked Wolfe off sideways. He struggled up and kicked Wolfe in several places....groin, stomach, head....until he knocked the monster off the bed and onto the floor again. Then he made a run for it...reached the door...wrenched it open...was through and down the hall. Along the way he overturned tables and chairs, threw vases, anything to slow down his adversary.

 

 

 

   He reached the staircase and ventured a look back before sliding down the banister. Wolfe was dashing after him, blowing through any obstacle like it was nothing, reducing everything to matchsticks. His wolfy face was open in a hideous, continuous roar. His teeth were like butcher knives. He foamed at the mouth and it fell off in thick gobs.

 

 

 

   Gus slid as fast as he could down, made a dash for the forlorn front door and was through. An instant later, Wolfe smashed through, putting the forlorn door out of its misery and reducing it to pieces the size of playing cards.

 

 

 

   Gus ran as fast as he could across the yard but it was no use.

 

 

 

   Wolfe easily caught up to him, tackled him, throwing him to the ground, his claws piercing the flesh of his thighs in several places.

 

 

 

   Gus screamed in pain and fear. He was brought to the ground hard and found himself on his back looking up at a nightmare. Wolfe straddled him at his waist and screamed right in his face again.

 

 

 

   "Why!!? Why me??" Gus sobbed.

 

 

 

   "Because...You are the first....the first born of those...those abominations that transformed me!!!"

 

 

 

   "What!!? So this is a hate crime!! This is because they're gay!?? You monster! They're the best moms and dads I could ever have! I wouldn't trade them for any hetero thing ever!!"

 

 

 

   "You foolish young simpleton! If only it were that easy! I could care less about that!! Who they decide to share their bodies with is their own concern!! No! It is because whatever magic and love that created that castle and maze and everything else, transformed me! Transformed me into one of YOU!!" The last was spat out as if he were mentioning a cockroach. "And for 11 years I have endured being...one of you...and I cannot stand it a minute longer! And because they are the source...ground zero...of all that love and magic and...goodness...(he shuddered)...and everything, I cannot touch them, themselves! And so I chose you! The one who when gone will cut them the deepest and cause them grief forevermore! This is only halfway back to my normal state but I'll take it over being one of you a second longer!! And it's true I cannot kill you but I'll leave you something to remember me by!"

 

 

 

   He raked his claws down Gus' face leaving four red deep scratches.

 

 

 

   Gus screamed in pain again.

 

 

 

   "Not such a pretty boy now are we, little Prince! And now...one more thing! To give you something else that will haunt you the rest of your days!!!"

 

 

 

   He raised up and flipped Gus onto his stomach. He lay full length on top of him and he was so heavy that Gus couldn't move.

 

 

 

   Wolfe bent so that his mouth was near Gus' ear. "Now youngling! If you thought my ears and arms and teeth were big wait until you see my big...fat..."

 

 

 

   "PICKLE AND EGGS! PICKLE AND EGGS!" screamed an escaped mynah bird that flew over the scene. Before he had escaped his cage, he had belonged to a deli owner.

 

 

 

   "NOOOOOOOO!!! NOOOOO! I WON'T LET YOU!!! HELP! HELLLLPPP-MMMMPPHH!!" Gus managed to scream before Wolfe's huge hand closed over his mouth.

 

 

 

   Wolfe just laughed and held the boy immobile with one arm and with the other flipped up the cape and then undid his pants. He pulled them down to expose his ass.

 

 

 

   Gus struggled mightily but it was no use. Tears streamed down his face and mingled with the blood. He knew the bastard was going to rape him.

 

 

 

   Slowly, he struggled and flailed with his hand, hoping to accomplish one thing before his pants were pulled down enough so that he couldn't reach. He grabbed once...twice...three times...

 

 

 

   Oh God! He could feel the monster's length! He was huge. He was going to split him in half.

 

 

 

   Wolfe laughed and howled in happiness. His triumph was complete. He stroked his huge, monstrous length against Gus' asscheeks a few times. He rose up. He spread Gus' asscheeks and prepared to enter...

 

 

 

   The instant Wolfe's disgusting hand was off his mouth, Gus kicked, twisted and brought the silver whistle to his lips. He blew it...hard.

 

 

 

   It sounded like an angel screaming.

 

 

 

   Wolfe screamed in agony as the sound went on and on, the blast sustaining unnaturally long. Then it started to fade at last and died away in the green forest gloom. Wolfe rolled of Gus, screaming at the horrible goodness of it all.

 

 

 

   Gus got up, kicking and screaming and yanked his pants up. He made a break for it and ran out the gate. He blew the whistle again.

 

 

 

   Wolfe had gotten through the gate but at the second peal he collapsed again. He screamed in agony, at the pure and terrible, terrible goodness of it all.

 

 

 

   Gus brought it to his lips again and blew but nothing happened. The silver whistle collapsed and blew away in a cloud of silver glitter. It was gone.

 

 

 

   Wolfe shook his head to clear it. Slowly he got up and stalked toward Gus on all fours.

 

 

 

   Gus whimpered in fear and tried to run away. He hobbled a few steps but then stumbled and fell as his pants were not all the way up yet.

 

 

 

   And then the wicked Wolfe was upon him again. He straddled him, and then raked his claws across his face horizontally. Gus' scars now looked like a tic-tac-toe board.

 

 

 

   Gus screamed in pain.

 

 

 

   Wolfe flipped him over again and ripped his pants to shreds and pulled them off. Gus struggled, screamed and cried but it was no use

 

 

 

   "And now....where...were...we? I don't know what that was but it seems it has failed! AT LAST!!! I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE!!! YOU ARE MINE!!!!"

 

 

 

   "NO! NO! HELP!! HELLL-MMMPHH!!!"

 

 

 

   Gus bit the finger that gagged him till he tasted blood.

 

 

 

   Wolfe roared in pain.

 

 

 

   "NO! NO! LEO! LEO!! HELP! LEEE----MMMMPPPHHHH!"

 

 

 

   "Fool! No one can help you now!" Again he raised up. Again he positioned his cock, which was about twice the size of a horse cock. Gus screamed through his gag. Wolfe prepared to enter....

 

 

 

   From out of the bush, Leo came running. Somehow, the trees didn't touch or faze him. His silver axe was in his hand and there was blue fire in his eyes.

 

 

 

   Several things happened at once. Both Gus and Wolfe caught sight of the burly woodsman at the same time. Brian and Justin rounded the curved in the path that led to the castle and took in the scene in horror. Wolfe lifted up. Leo kept coming and took the last few steps with a spin. He held the axe straight out and with perfect control and precision, spun one, two, three times and on the third time reached them and: THWOCK!!! He decapitated the Wolfman in one clean blow. The head went flying off into the forest and his body collapsed over Gus.

 

 

 

   Leo bent down and rolled the offending corpse off Gus and picked him up. He enfolded him into a huge hug and rocked him as Gus cried and cried.

 

 

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

 

 

   Brian and Justin approached slowly, feeling, strangely enough, as if they were the ones intruding on a private scene. However, Gus was his son, dammit! thought Brian.

 

 

 

   "What the HELL is going on here!!!" he yelled.

 

 

 

   Leo continued to rock Gus like a baby. "It's over....Everything's all right...Your fathers are here....Shhhhh....." he whispered other sweet nothings to the traumatized boy. To the dads he said, "I am Leo. I am the Ward of these Woods. That...creature was about to rape and traumatize your son for all his days. But I broke my orders...to bodyguard and rescue your son. And now that the worst is over, I must return to my domain."

 

 

 

   "So....you're a Ward?" asked Brian, surprised.

 

 

 

   "I am now. I've disobeyed the Power by helping you. But don't worry, little Gus. I wouldn't have changed anything for the world. I love you so much. I'll miss you more than I can say." He looked down and saw the damage that Wolfe had done as if for the first time. "Ahhh well! In for a penny, in for a pound," he said, regretfully.

 

 

 

   He took Gus' face and stroked his forehead, his cheeks, everywhere with both his big thumbs and everywhere he touched the red marks vanished until there was nothing left and Gus face was as clear and whole as it had been before all this had happened.

 

 

 

   "Thanks Leo. And my hoody...did you do that too?"

 

 

 

   "Yes. Remember in the woods? When I touched your hood and brought it over your head again. It was then...I thought it was time... besides....I like it better this way."

 

 

 

   He started to back away. "Well...it's time for me to go...I can feel the Power drawing me towards my long exile."

 

 

 

   "Shit!! No! No..." choked Brian

 

 

 

   "Goodbye little Gus! Good bye all! Oh...Your grandfather is tied up in his bedroom closet! Good bye! I shall miss you all! I shall miss the castle!"

 

 

 

   Leo began to shine. He began to glow. His features grew indistinct and hazy. And then he was nothing but light. He returned to his original form as a Bright Man.

 

 

 

   And then something horrible happened. Leo's light, his brightness, went out. It was as if someone had thrown a terrible light switch and he went from bright as dawn to black as night in one split second. It was a nasty shock and they all screamed a little at the suddenness of it all.

 

 

 

   "No!! It's not fair!" whispered Brian.

 

 

 

   "Goooodbyyyee......" they all heard a voice push into their minds and the black Ward was pulled up into the air and away in a huge arc, over the house, over the trees and then down somewhere deep in the forest until at last he was gone from their sight.

 

 

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

 

 

   Gus drew his cloak around him as he was now otherwise naked. "Uhhh....What just happened here? Daddy, what's wrong?"

 

 

 

   Brian still looked distraught. Then he shook himself and yelled, "Oh my God! What did he say about Tim? Shit!!" And he was running toward the house and was inside.

 

 

 

   Justin turned to Gus and held out his arms. Gus ran into them gratefully.

 

 

 

   "You look so different with your Hoody like that," Justin remarked.

 

 

 

   Gus looked at himself and agreed. He was Red Hood no more. As well as the Hood being made of threads that resembled solid spun gold, his cloak had returned to its natural state. It was shining white mottled with random patterns, streaks, and lines of gold throughout. He was Golden Hood, if he was anyone.

 

 

 

   "I guess, Leo was able to turn it back now that the Evil One exposed himself," said Gus.

 

 

 

   "Evil One?"

 

 

 

   "Jackson Wolfe!" Gus spat out the name. "But he wasn't a man! Something happened on the day the castle was created. He was transformed somehow. Maybe from a real wolf, I don't know. But he was a man and waiting and wanting to kill me for 11 years and it was this Hoody that was protecting me the whole time. And Leo. And Leo! What happened to him!? And how did you get here?"

 

 

 

   "Whoa! One thing at a time!" Justin chuckled at his youthful enthusiasm. "Brian and I both heard a piercing whistle and felt an irresistible pulling to come here. We left the kids in the playroom." The playroom was a daycare playroom the size of a football field.

 

 

 

   "As for Leo....I think I know what happened to him. Long ago...I kind of saw...the reverse of what just happened here. But if something unfair has happened, I promise, Brian and I will get to the bottom of it."

 

 

 

   And at that moment, Brian came running out of the house with Timothy cradled in his huge arms, looking very worried.

 

 

 

   "Shit! He was in the closet, all right! Tied up and gagged. I don't think he was getting enough air! Or something! He won't respond to me at all!"

 

 

 

   "Let's get out of here! We'll have the hospital check him out!" said Justin, already moving.

 

 

 

   Brian ran ahead, and after whistling for Lucky, Justin and Gus followed.

 

 

 

   Brian looked down at the old man in...shit, no! He didn't do fear! Concern, that was it! Yeah! The old man was tinged with blue, semi-conscious, breathing (thank God) shallowly with wide and staring eyes. He wouldn't respond to Brian's shouts, a finger snap or....anything. He was like...what was that word...? Catatonic....yeah that was it. He ran towards the hospital wing as fast as he could and yelled: "MEDIC!!" as loud as he could. He hoped Timothy would be ok. He just had to be. He just had to.

 

 

 

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

 

 

   Timothy was in the hospital for a week. They put him on an IV and an oxygen mask and several other tubes and wires that monitored his condition.

 

 

 

   After a few days of this, the doctors took him off the oxygen as it seemed not necessary and he was breathing better. But he still wouldn't wake. He would sleep, wake and be catatonic and then sleep again.

 

 

 

   Gus never left his side except to wash and have short breaks. It was one of those times when real life was pushed aside and nothing except this one thing seemed the least bit important.

 

 

 

   Four days in, he suddenly sucked in a huge breath and began flailing his arms. "NOOOOOOOO!!!!" he screamed, "Take me! Leave the kinder alone! Leave the kinderrrrr..."

 

 

 

   Gus jumped up and grabbed the flailing arms and for a minute Timothy was fighting him tooth and nail. His eyes were wide and staring at a nightmare of the past.

 

 

 

   "Opa! Opa! It's me! It's me! It's Gus! Everything's all right! Everything's all right! You're safe! I'm here! You're safe!"I'm here." He yelled this several times and slowly the wild look faded from the old man's eyes and his arms stopped hitting and then they wrapped around Gus and refused to let go. Gus sat on the bed holding onto Timothy as well and they just sat there, hanging onto each other like life preservers for a long time. Eventually, Timothy's hold lessened and Gus pulled back and realized that the old man was asleep again. He laid him down on the pillows and tucked him in.

 

 

 

   Five days in, he awoke for real but was very weak. He couldn't get up and he spoke in a whisper. He told them to fetch the carpet munching lez. (Melanie)

 

 

 

   She strode in, eyes blazing and ready for a fight. "Look old man, if you called me here just to insult me in person, I am out of here! As it is, I have a few things I wanna say to...."

 

 

 

   Timothy shook his head weakly and motioned her closer. She bent down and listened as he whispered in her ear. After a few seconds, she was all business and shoo-ed everyone out of the room, including Gus. Then she closed the door and they remained alone for several hours. When she emerged, she stalked away without a word her eyes blazing and her ass tight. As usual, she refused to explain herself in the slightest.

 

 

 

   On the sixth day, Timothy woke up late. He was very weak and was sleeping more and more. He motioned to Gus.

 

 

 

   "I love you, kinder. When I was a hermit, I forgot what it was to be loved and to love. I have forgotten my own name. But I remember how to love now. You...and Justin...showed me that."

 

 

 

   "Opa, try to rest! You're going to get better! You have to get rest to get stronger!"

 

 

 

   But Tim made a slight gesture with his hand. Gus was quiet.

 

 

 

   "I talked with the lez. You can have my house if you want it."

 

 

 

   "But..."

 

 

 

   "You need to take care of Lucky for me," This was already being done as if it were taken for granted. Lucky was ecstatic to be around so many energetic, wiggly, laughing, screaming children. He was getting a little fat with all the treats and was in a constant state of bliss of tummy rubbing. But he remained primarily loyal to Gus.

 

 

 

   "I'll take care of you. I arranged it." said Tim.

 

 

 

   "No. You're going to get better. I'm going to take care of you," said Gus. His voice started to wobble. "I will. I'm taking care...of you."

 

 

 

   "Now...don't...you...worry. Everything's fine. I took care of it. Love you, Gus. Love...you...kinder..."

 

 

 

   "I love you too Opa." Gus was crying now but he hardly knew why. Opa was going to get better. He was going to make sure of it. He would.

 

 

 

   Tim heard him, sighed in contentment and slipped back to sleep. He slept all that day, all night and on into the next day.

 

 

 

   On that seventh day, he didn't wake up for breakfast. He didn't wake up for lunch. And sometime during that day, no one could really say when, Timothy slipped away and stopped breathing.

 

 

 

   Gus was sitting by his bedside when he died.

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

PLEASE REVIEW!! It helps a lot!!

 

I just want you to know, this drained me in almost every way to write. I do not take this lightly.

 

Chapter 14 - Angels And Fairies. by Britin4ever71

 

 

 

THE RED HOODY

PART 2

Chapter 10: ANGELS AND FAIRIES

 

Two weeks later...

 

   Timothy's death hit them all hard but Gus and Justin most of all. Gus had been his obvious favorite as he was the first child he had met in like forever, and was the only one with whom he had been truly comfortable around. And Justin had been the first to meet him in the first place. He had no adult relatives left and he had considered Tim to be his real grandpa.

   And so, the two of them grieved especially hard, made sure the funeral was extra nice and leaned on each other for support. They also went to grief counseling with Sam (the shrink), which helped a little.

   They buried him at the edge of the lawn, beside the door that led to his house and marked it with a simple cross. Since no-one, not even Timothy himself knew his age, it was simply carved:

 

TIMOTHY: BELOVED GRANDFATHER

FOREVER YOUNG

 

   The door that Wolfe had smashed and ruined was taken away and replaced with a simple iron barred gate. The ivy was cut away and the break in the wall was no longer a secret but only Gus, Justin and Brian had the keys. And so, the novelty soon wore off and everyone forgot about it.

   Timothy's house was closed off, a new door built to keep out the elements but otherwise it was closed and locked and then closed off from the outside world by the gate as well. It, as well, passed from most minds except Gus and Justin's. Jackson Wolfe's body was taken into the forest by a bunch of workers and buried in a nameless place. And that's all I'm saying on that.

   Jackson's assistant was a man named Zach O'Toole. Zach was a huge man who loved digging in the dirt and playing with his tools. Gardening tools, honestly! Will you please get your mind out of the gutter! Honestly!!

   Anyway, Zach was immediately promoted to head groundskeeper. This suited him just fine. And where Jackson had turned out to be corrupt and evil, Zach was a good and faithful servant. He was in charge of cleaning out Jackson's suite and disposing of his personal effects. In the process of this Zach came across the golden string ball. He had no idea what it was for or what it was worth but Zach decided not to throw it away. He took it home to his own suite and left it on the kitchen table.                     

   The next day, the ball was where he had left it but now it was sitting on a small piece of paper. It read simply: TAKE ME TO THE MAZE.

   Obediently, he did so, and when he reached the entrance it jumped out of his hand and rolled away. Zach was extremely surprised but quickly followed the golden line, keeping up easily with his long and huge tree trunk legs.

   Well, of course, it took a while but of course the golden ball led him to the center. Zach was no fool and quickly realized this was how Jackson had so effortlessly navigated the maze. After eating an apple from the tree and staying the night in the house (well, honestly, wouldn't you?) he made his way back the next morning.

   And being a good and faithful man, he immediately went to Jack and the Patrons and told them the whole story and the Mystery of the Maze was at last solved. Zach was rewarded custody of the golden ball as well as a hefty bonus in his next paycheck. The Maze became less of a scary and impassible place. Instead it was much more recreational and fun and lost people were able to be retrieved easily. Britin Castle became an even more fun place to be.

BJBBJBJBJBJBJB

 

   And so, the two weeks passed. And then another two weeks. Activities at the castle were fun but had somehow become more somber started to get back to normal. Gus and Justin were still somewhat of a mess but that was to be expected and they desperately tried to get back into real life.

   Leo went...not exactly forgotten, mind you, but for a while, their grief was so fresh and strong, the nature of how he was taken away went on the back burner, so to speak.

   Until, one day, when Brian was talking on the Overlook with a handsome male couple. They were lying on deck chairs sunning themselves and watching people try their hand at the Maze. There was a buffet table set up nearby. Their conversation turned toward supernatural things and Brian remembered in a flash. He started violently and forgot what he was saying.

   "Is everything all right, Brian," said the sensitive one, with mighty muscles on mouthwatering display and brown, shoulder length hair.

   The other one was hard packed but more toned. He also had brown hair but it was cropped almost militaristic into a severe conservative cut. He was more taciturn and simply lowered his sunglasses and raised an eyebrow.

   "Uhhhh...yeah. I just remembered something. I have to find Justin! You two enjoy yourselves. You make a lovely couple." He threw on a Hawaiian shirt and moved off.

   Over the years, at Britin Castle, "You make a lovely couple."...was synonymous with hello, goodbye and You look well.

   The two men exchanged a knowing look. "Actually...." said one.

   "We're brothers..." said the other.

   Brian had already moved off and didn't hear. The two men sighed as one. Then the muscled one chuckled.

   "It's not funny!" the other one all but growled. This shut the other one up quickly. He knew that tone. He settled back and positioned himself to keep an eye on Brian.

   There wasn't much to see. Brian didn't have to go far. Justin was on another deck chair nearer to the buffet table. Justin was also in summer attire but his eyes were sad and he wore a black armband on one arm to let everyone know he was grieving.

   Brian bent down and spoke earnestly to the blond man with the strange hair that went down long and straight over one half of his face. Whatever he said made the blond man take notice and get up as well.

   The brothers looked at each other and nodded as one. It was time to make their move.

   They got up, threw on their own shirts and made their way over to Brian and Justin.

   "All right you'se two! We need to have a talk!" said the gruff one.

   Brian and Justin looked up surprised and a little startled. Britin Castle was such a happy place, angry voices had become like shouting in a library.

   "Uh...what my brother means is...Brian...our talk over there about supernatural things was not an accident. We were gauging your reaction because of certain things we've been cataloguing and investigating at your castle for the last week. And you jumped a foot in the air. So we want to know what's going on here!" said the younger but burlier brother.

   "What?? What things? There's nothing going on here!" protested Brian.

   "Hmmmm, let's see! A ball of thread being used to get to the center of an incredibly hard maze! People spontaneously teleporting! Being able to pay a 5 million plus tax bill...oh yes! We've investigated your income tax records as well!"

   "We had a good year?" offered Justin weakly.

   "Boy, I'll say! A very, very good year indeed...." The younger brother petered out ominously.

   "Are we talking taxes or wine now?" Justin tried some levity to dispel the brevity.

   "ARE YOU GUYS CONSORTING WITH DEMONS!!!??" yelled the older brother suddenly.

   "WHAT THE FUCK!? FUCK, NO!!!" yelled Brian. After two weeks of pussy-footing, it felt good to yell. And swear.

   "Demons!!? Good grief, what are you talking about?" asked Justin, "Look, let's all just calm down. All those things...well, they're just special effects!"

   "We've been up in the White Tower," they quietly informed them.

   Brian and Justin needed to take a moment with that one.

   Finally, Justin offered a hopeful smile and asked, "Did you enjoy yourself? We here at Britin Castle strive to provide perfection... Besides..." he smiled as bright as sunshine, "You make a lovely..."

   "Can it!!" growled the elder.

   "And besides..." growled the younger.

   "We're BROTHERS!!" they both yelled.

   They both stared daggers at Brian and Justin.

   "Look!" said Brian exasperatedly, "There is nothing going on! There is absolutely NOTHING supernatural about this place!"

   "You sure about that?" growled the brothers grimly.

   "Absolutely!" declared Justin brightly, "This place is completely normal!"

   At that moment, a young woman with a brown ponytail at the end of the buffet table turned with a slight frown clouding her pretty features. She wore a white and blue dress and was otherwise as beautiful as a Disney princess. She held a plate of cake.

   "Oh dear! I've forgotten to get a fork!" she declared.

   A dessert fork obediently got up, ran across the length of the buffet table past them all, and jumped into her hand. She caught it deftly. Then she wandered away, enjoying her cake.

   The brothers looked darkly at Brian and Justin. There was a pause.

   Brian rubbed the back of his neck. "Well....this is...awkward," he managed.

   Justin sighed gustily and gave up.

   "Sam...Dean...Have a seat. You're right. You got us! There is something magic and supernatural about this place. But it has nothing to do with the devil or demons or ghosts or anything horrible. OK...here's the deal..."

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   "And that's the whole story," said Justin.

   It was several hours later. At first they had considered starting when Britin Castle was formed but that led to the question where did everybody come from. And of course that didn't make sense unless they told them about the terrible factory. And that didn't make sense unless one told about what they were doing there in the first place to help them.

   And so, Brian and Justin began from the very beginning, telling the whole, messy story, much the way I've told it to you. And believe you me, it took almost as long to do it!

   Jack saw that they were deep in discussion and even heard a little bit and quietly shoo-ed everyone away and then closed access to the Overlook. And so, for much of the time, Brian and Justin, Sam and Dean had their privacy.

   "Well, now you must think we're insane!" Justin said, "Or feeding you stuff from a fairy story!"

   "Not necessarily," Sam said, "Besides, we recently found out Oz was real!"

   "And I've been to Hell....and Purgatory," said Dean trying to impress them but kinda grossing them out instead.

   "We've both had near death experiences," explained Sam, trying to placate them, "And dealt with demons and angels. So all this is pretty tame. But it does explain what's been going on here. That's a real shame about Leo. Is there anything we can do to help? We know an angel who gets around."

   "I'm not sure this situation is angelic. But I wouldn't turn my nose up at anything at this point," said Justin, "However, we really shouldn't do anything without Gus here. This concerns him too. Oh, Gus dear!" he called.

   "Yes Papa?" said Gus, stepping out of no-where. His Hoody was...well, in hoody mode actually, unzippered and open, showing off his rock hard abs and teenage chest. The white and gold melded beautifully together tonight. "OH! Is everything...all right?" he asked, seeing Sam and Dean, and realizing he'd just been teleported in front of strangers.

   "It's all right, son. This is Sam and Dean Winchester. They figured a lot out. They're...paranormal investigators."

   "We're hunters!" barked out Dean.

   "They helped us remember Leo. It's past time we figured out what happened to him," said Justin, "And we figured you'd want to be a part of it."

   "Thanks Papa. You figured right," said Gus.

   "OK then...I never thought I'd call this name again....GORDIE! GORDIE!"

   There was a long pause. Nothing happened.

   "GORDIE!...Dammit Gordie! It's been a long time and we've never asked you for a thing! But this is important so I'm calling now! Gordie!"

   "Yes Brian! All right!!" said the hunky man in white, stepping out of nowhere. "You don't have to shout loud enough to call down the moon!"

   He was just as they remembered. He was so handsome and muscular and he wore white sandals and white club clothes that shone with their own light.

   "The moon's the least of your worries! You and this....Power you work for have a lot to answer for!"

   "What's the problem Brian?" asked Gordie.

   "One of the Bright Men under our charge...one that calls himself Leo...was unfairly banished and transformed into one of those Wards. We want him back."

   "I know Leo's case well. I'm sorry, but it's very cut and dried. Leo went against the Power. He abandoned his post more than once and gave supernatural power to a mortal. The Power had no choice but to punish him." Gordie's voice had taken on a decidedly prissy, beaurocratic tone that nobody liked.

   "But that's not fair!" yelled Gus in youthful indignation, "He did all that to save my life! As it was, he prevented my rape, disfiguration and murder! And I can't remember, but apparently he saved me many times over by just being there when I was a kid! He deserves a medal! He's a hero! And you've punished him like a criminal!"

   "I'm sorry Gus, but the Power's word is law. The Power's word must not be questioned. The Power is all-seeing and..."

   "Gordie, what the fuck is wrong with you!?" asked Brian. He didn't mean to swear (well, 80% didn't mean to) but Gordie was acting totally out of character and like a total dick.

   "The Power is all-seeing..." repeated Gordie meaningfully. Then he whispered quickly, "They're watching me...!"

   "Uhhh, Gordie...Has this...Power been acting differently in the last little while? Erratic? Overly dictatorial? Unreasonable? And perhaps...did he suddenly take on a specific name?"

   "Why yes, actually," Gordie whispered, "But I dare not tell you. He'd know..."

   "Just nod. Was this name perhaps....Metatron!?" asked Dean, softly and furiously.

   Gordie nodded once.

   "CAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!" Dean yelled so loud the people in the house in the center of the maze heard him. He took everyone by surprised and elevated more than one heart's rate.

   "Dean, how many times have I told you not to do that! Geez mon!" admonished Sam.

   "It gets results," Dean was unrepentant.

   "Dean, how many times have I told you! I am an angel! Not a genie! You can't just summon me whenever! I am NOT at your beck and call!" said a sexy, gravelly voice and suddenly Cass was standing in the midst of them, looking sexy as all get out with his stubbly jaw and tan trenchcoat.

   "We found him," Dean said simply and that was enough to shut Cass up.

   "Where?" Cass asked, all down to business.

   "After he escaped Heaven's jail, he must have invaded this being's realm and taken their boss captive. He's been impersonating him for an unknown amount of time."

   None of the Castle's humans had the least idea what he was talking about. They stood there, feeling completely flummoxed and out of the loop.

   "What being?" Cass ground out.

   "That would be me," Gordie offered.

   Cass turned.

   "Oh no!" Gordie and Cass screamed together, "Not YOU!!!"

   "What!!? What is it?" they all asked.

   "He's a fairy!"

   "He's an angel!" they screamed together again.

   "Yeah!" the Winchesters ground out, "So what!?"

   "So...angels and fairies...don't get on," Cass said in disgust.

   "What's the problem?" ground out Dean dangerously.

   "They're so..."

   "Superior..."

   "Inferior..."

   "Judgmental...!"

   "Wishy-washy..."

   "Ass-holy...!

   "Indistinct..."

   "JERKS!!!" they yelled together.

   "Hey...BITCHES!!!" Dean yelled, scaring everyone into silence, "How ‘bout you take this into the ladies room and have a good bitch slap fight about all this later! We've got a super-villain fraud messing up the order of the universe right now! I can't be bothered about your stupid little feud right now! Gordie...just take Cass to...whatever realm you come from and he'll take care of the rest!"

   "Me!!! Go to his realm!?" Cass was horrified, as if Dean had asked him to jump into a dumpster full of medical waste and dirty needles.

   "Hey, it won't be a picnic for me either," Gordie said, "And if you just take off the holier than thou colored glasses, you'd see it's not so bad!!"

   "I am holier than thou!" ground out Cass gruffly.

   "GO!!" yelled Dean.

   Gordie rolled his eyes, and grabbed Cass by the forearm. Before he could object further, the two of them vanished.

   The five humans were left behind in relative shocked silence.

   "Well....I had no idea!!" muttered Justin, "Did you..."

   "No! Absolutely none! That was...that was just weird!" Sam replied.

   The five of them sat down to wait, each lost in their own thoughts.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

   It was about two hours later when Cass and Gordie finally reappeared. Gordie wore his club clothes as usual and a disgusted expression.

   Cass wore a HazMat suit.

   "Oh for Gosh sake! We're back! You can take that thing off and stop over-reacting now!" Gordie said.

   "I'd like to see you visit Heaven without sunglasses," retorted Cass. Nevertheless, the suit vanished to be replaced with his comfortable trenchcoat.

   "That would be completely diff-...Oh for... UUUHHGGGG!!" Gordie turned to the mortals who were highly amused by the supernatural's antics. "I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. The perp has been taken into custody. The real Power had been taken captive but was watching the entire time. Leo has been returned to normal status and as well you have been rewarded with unfettered access to him. And...him to you, I suppose," he added unnecessarily. "Brian....Nice place and life you've built for yourself here. I know I put you through a lot...but I hope there's no hard feelings. I wish you could see what I see...in your spirit. It's about as different as before as night is to day."

   "We're cool, Gord," Brian said, "As it is...you were right. I was an asshole. And things..." Here he grabbed Justin and Gus around a shoulder each, "Things turned out pretty darn great!"

   Gordie gave a small smile and a slight bow and vanished.

   "That's my cue as well. Metatron isn't going to put himself on trial. Sam, Dean...did you guys want a ride back to the Men of Letters bunker?"

   The Winchesters decided for it since the mystery of Britin Castle had been solved to their satisfaction. They said goodbye and as suddenly as he had come, Cass vanished, taking the Winchesters with him.

   And two seconds after that, there was a streak of gold like a comet that rose up from the forest. It rose in a high, beautiful arc and landed right on the Overlook. It coalesced into the figure of a man and that dimmed, and in half a moment woodsman Leo stepped forth in his plaid and denim glory.

   Leo and Gus rushed into each other's arms. Leo gave a shuddering sigh, the kind one gives when one feels a pure, complete, contented pleasure.

   "Oh Gus!! Oh my little Gus! I knew you wouldn't forget me! I knew I had to wait but I knew you'd come for me!"

   "Well, of course Leo! Of course! And you're allowed to be around me whenever you want now! No more sneaking off!"

   "Yes!! I can feel that too. Unfettered access! In fact, you're my first priority again. And if you want...I can appear like this most of the time. A bit easier on the eyes that a glowing Bright Man."

   "Well...sometimes...this form is great too...but Leo, I'll give you a piece of advice given by a very skinny and wise man. Always be proud of...and always feel free...to let your flame burn bright!!"

   Leo smiled and his teeth were so white they gleamed. They shone. They burned. The burning spread to everywhere. He was a great burning, glowing, Bright Man.

   "I'll return to the castle now. But if you need me....if you want me...Just call my name."

   Leo shot straight up into the air in pure joy in a golden streak and then...CRACK!!! He exploded into a golden firework in the night sky and melted away into the darkness.

   Brian threaded his arms through Justin and Gus' arms and led them inside. "Shall we go inside and see what Debbie and Randy have cooked up for us tonight?" he asked.

   "Sounds great. Gosh...How'd we get so lucky?" Justin waxed a bit moony.

   "Well...it all started when you hooked up with me..." Brian started, tweaking a nipple.

   Justin laughed and slapped at his hand. "Shame on you Sir! You are supposed to be charming!"

   "And we are supposed to be living happily ever after!" Brian retorted, kneading one half of Justin's perfect ass.

   Justin gasped and rolled his eyes. Brian was incorrigible.

   "And are we? Are we living happily ever after?" Gus asked.

   "We're giving it a damn good shot! And that's all anyone can do in this lifetime, don'cha think?" Brian asked.

   They all entwined arms in a perfect love and went in to dinner

 

THE END

 

Chapter 15 - Epilogue. by Britin4ever71

 

 

 

EPILOGUE

 

2 years later:

 

        Gus stood before the portal nervously.

        The gate loomed, a silent sentinel, standing guard and waiting patiently for him as it had for these several years.

        "Go on," she said, "It's time Gus. He loved you so much. And now it's time. He'd be very happy you've come home at last."

        Gus looked over and smiled. He knew she was right and he was happy. He was still nervous. But he knew she was right and his heart was so full of love and courage he knew he could do it at last and not feel like he was dishonoring his memory, not feel like he was invading someone else's home.

        He put the key in the lock.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

        The reading of the will was a week after Timothy's funeral.

        Unsurprisingly, Gus was Tim's sole heir. He inherited the house in the forest, the rights to the key to the gate, the key and pass-codes to the iron gate, and the account numbers to his pension. His "goodly pension" turned out to be several investments and accounts centered in Switzerland and the Cayman Islands, untraceable and tax free, each worth multi-millions of dollars and generating a hefty interest every month. In short, Gus was made in the shade.

        On that last day, when he had called in Melanie, it was then that he had drafted everything, using every bit of his failing strength. He had told Melanie the numbers and codes and she had faithfully written them down and then stored them away to secrecy according to the client/lawyer confidentiality agreement that comes with these things.

        Mel and Linds kept the money in trust until Gus' 18th birthday and it was his wish to leave it alone, gathering interest until then. He really had no aspirations for it. He just wanted his Opa back.

        The house was ready for him any time. But he chose to stay at the castle and live and work there. He didn't want a house. He just wanted his Opa back.

        But of course, Timothy was gone and couldn't come back. And so, the months and the years passed and the gate to the forest stayed closed and locked.

        Gus lived, worked out, worked at the hotel, rode his horse and grieved in his own way. And the gate stayed closed and locked.

        He stacked on the muscle, went out with his friends, worked his way up the ladder and got a better job at the resort. And ignored the gate and the fact he was obscenely rich.

        The two years passed. He was 18. He was handsome and good looking and a muscle hunk but didn't let it go to his head. And at last...it was time. It was time to go home.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

        Gus turned the key and unlocked the gate. He pushed it open. The lock and hinges were newly oiled for the occasion so there was no trouble and the gate swung inward, slowly and heavily, noiselessly.

        He turned to her and asked, "Well, are you ready?"

        She looked at him with those impossibly blue eyes and said, "My dress. Carry me."

        He gathered her up and cradled her easily. "You know," he said mildly, "You're lucky I love you so darn much."

        She just looked at him and blinked slowly so he kissed her soundly. Then he whistled for Lucky, who dashed ahead. Gus passed through with his light burden and went into the forest for the first time in two years and since it had happened.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

        Gus met Anne the year before when he went into the hospital wing with a pulled muscle after working out too hard. Then again, a little later when he was brought in with a broken leg and wrist after Onyx had thrown him.

        The first time he hadn't thought anything of it, just that her eyes were the loveliest of blue. Then he had gone back to his punishing workouts and strenuous exercises with Onyx and running and anything else physical that let him stop thinking....that let him forget...

        Until his stupid horse had thrown him and he was forced to lie there and think. Nothing at all to do but think and drift on morphine. And whenever he woke up, whenever it was dinnertime, there was Anne.

        Finally, he smelled a bit of a rat and asked her why she was always there when he woke up and she told him frankly, "Because I've arranged my schedule around you."

        "Why?"

        "Because I love you."

        Simple as that. Anne was a prodigy doctor in Boston but she hated the big city and thought the idea of living in a fairy tale castle was...well a dream come true. So she applied on the website and was taken on in the hospital. And of course she kept it to herself but she fell instantly in love with the brown with gold flecks and then gold with brown flecks-eyed young man who was just her age, and had brown hair just like hers (although it didn't fall to his shoulders!) and loved to wear a white and gold hoody that changed to suit his whims. And she knew it was only a matter of time before he came through her ward. Young men like that always did, eventually.

        Well, of course, Gus was slow to believe her. He wasn't ready to be loved or to love.

        And so, like a precious flower, their love bloomed slowly. Was it calculated? Was it the Florence Nightingale Syndrome? No-one really knew. And by the time Gus wondered about such things, he didn't care. Her love was returned and it was beautiful.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

        They were married on his 18th birthday in the church room/area. Jennifer was flower girl and Noah was the ring bearer.

        She wore stunning white and so did he.

        He didn't mean to. In fact, they'd picked out a very nice jet-black tux with a red handkerchief and tie. But, of course, Leo and the Hoody itself had other ideas.

        He'd woken up on his wedding day and his black tux had been replaced by his Hoody, which had outdone itself. He'd awoke, seen it, and a huge smile had spread slowly over his face that could not be wiped off.

        At the ceremony, the music swelled, the bride entered and everyone turned and clapped politely. She was beautiful with an appropriately poofy and ruffled dress. She wore long white gloves. The dress buttoned up in the back in such a way that it was backless but what was bare was in the shape of a valentine.

        Then she gasped prettily but recovered and continued down the aisle toward the most mouthwatering groom that had ever been seen.

        Gus was waiting for her in a gleaming white tux with white kid gloves. The gold had arranged itself so that there was a gold stripe running down the out seam of each leg. There was gold on each shoulder, a golden tie, a gold handkerchief and a gold corsage. He wore a top hat made of the finest silk that was pure gold. The entire thing was tailored and showed off all his muscles in a mouthwatering display. His eyes were gold with brown flecks.

        Finally, Anne reached him and took his hand. "This...was not the plan," she murmured.

        "The Hoody....sometimes makes its own plans," Gus returned softly. "I hope this is...acceptable."

        "Oh...I think I'll manage....somehow," Anne returned with an impish wink. They both shared a chuckle.

        Then they turned to the minister and...and...well...got married.

        And a while after that, after a nice reception they left everyone to party the night away.

        And that's how they found themselves at the gate to their new home.

BJBJBJBJBJBJBJ

 

        "Oh my!"

        "Oh dear!" said Gus.

        They'd reached the fence and gate but it was nearly unrecognizable.

        Maybe it was the passing of time, maybe Mother Nature decided to play them a trick or perhaps an industrious squirrel had gone around planting but at any rate it was done. All the way around the property was a thick hedge of scarlet runner beans. They had eagerly climbed the massive fence, growing unnaturally tall in this shrine to nature and the beanstalks reached nearly three quarters of the way up the fence. They had filled in many of the shapes and designs of the fence. With the hundreds of scarlet flowers all around, it no longer seems quite so evil.

        Gus found the gate by memory and pulled out enough of the plants so that it could be accessed and opened. He punched in the code and pulled open the gate. He picked up his bride again and they went inside.

        Again they gasped. The hedge obscured everything completely, giving them complete privacy. Inside, it was very beautiful, the lawn was green and manicured, the flowerbeds tended, the path to the house was marked in a border of small white stones.

        "Oh Leo...." Gus chuckled in gratitude.

        The house was perfect and quiet and made up. The room that had been a workroom was now a massive workout room. However...

        However, out back...that's where the fairy tale ended. The garden was wild and weedy and full of rotten and old growth vegetables. A white rabbit was munching on a lettuce as big as a man's head. It eyed them distrustfully and then it tore off a good chunk of lettuce, hopped away and jumped down a rabbit hole.

        It seemed Leo had left this one thing for them to do, to start their married life.

        Of course, they didn't bother with this right away. This was their wedding night and honeymoon and they were eager to start living happily ever after.

        And so, they turned their back on the weedy and wild wonderland of a garden. They went back inside, shut all the doors, made sure Lucky was tended to and went upstairs to the Master Suite and got started...living happily ever after.

        And that is where, I believe, I will leave them, their happiness, and this convoluted tale.

        Sorry folks, but straight sex is where I draw the line.

 

THE END

 

Forever young....Forever young...

I want to be forever young...

Don'cha want to live forever...?

Forever.....Forever young!

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=234