104 Days. by Britin4ever71
Summary:

Another QAF Faerie Tale from my warped brain! In a time out of mind, our two boys venture too near a witch's lair and are hit with a terrible curse. Justin transforms into a swan by day, Brian, an owl by night. They are given the summer to collect the ingredients and break the spell. Will  they do it? Only time will tell. Raise your fist and shout! Britin4ever!


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: Abuse/Child Abuse
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Drama, Fairy Tale, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Justin/Other
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 72212 Read: 39102 Published: Jun 03, 2016 Updated: Jun 03, 2016
Story Notes:

This SUMMER fairy tale is more of an amalgamation of a bunch of tales mashed up into one since I couldn't think of any one in particular.


Thanks to Predec2 for the great banner!


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Extra disclaimer: This is fanfic only. No copyright infringement was intended and no money made All characters are...mostly...OOC Just for fun folks! Enjoy!




1. Chapter 1 - A Spell is Cast. by Britin4ever71

2. Chapter 2 - The Cow as White as Milk. by Britin4ever71

3. Chapter 3 - The 11 Dancing Princesses....and one Prince. by Britin4ever71

4. Chapter 4 - The Enchanted Ball. by Britin4ever71

5. Chapter 5 - One Curse Broken. by Britin4ever71

6. Chapter 6 - Love Requited. by Britin4ever71

7. Chapter 7 - Flight of the Arrow. by Britin4ever71

8. Chapter 8 - Midsummer Magic. by Britin4ever71

9. Chapter 9 - Pickles, Pleasure...and PORN!. by Britin4ever71

10. Chapter 10 - The Huntsman Who Never Killed Anything. by Britin4ever71

11. Chapter 11 - Two Weeks. by Britin4ever71

12. Chapter 12 - Woods and Witches. by Britin4ever71

13. Chapter 13 - Suit and Suitor. by Britin4ever71

14. Chapter 14 - The Engagement Party. by Britin4ever71

15. Chapter 15 - Love is Strength. by Britin4ever71

16. Chapter 16 - A Spell is Broken. by Britin4ever71

17. Chapter 17 - EPILOGUE. by Britin4ever71

18. Chapter 18 - References and Bibliography. by Britin4ever71

Chapter 1 - A Spell is Cast. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

There's 104 days of summer vacation, until school comes along just to end it....

So the annual problem for our generation

Is finding a good way to spend it....

 

From "Phineas and Ferb"  title sequence.

 Disclaimer: This story is fanfic only. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is made off of this and characters are...mostly OOC. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Everybody wins when nobody sues!

 

104 Days

Chapter 1

A Spell is Cast

 

Once upon a time, a time so far along it has been forgotten, either a long, long time ago or far, far in the future, in a far away land where magic was plentiful there lived two men who were deeply in love.

In that time, in that land, it was a happy land because people (well most people) were much more relaxed about who they loved. Men loved women and women loved men. Women loved women and men loved men and sometimes they couldn't make up their minds. And for the most part everybody was OK with that. For the most part.

Deep within a dark forest, near a lovely lake was a gnarled and ugly stone tower. Within this tower lived a powerful yet ugly and evil witch. The witch was a man named Craig and he was evil because he was bitter that he was ugly and he was ugly because his features were always twisted in evil and hatred as if he were biting into a particularly sour lemon or sipping an exceptionally potent brew of strong, black, bitter coffee.

Craig was evil and bitter because he asexual. There was no love whatsoever in his heart and he had no sexual desire for man or woman. This made him incredibly jealous of all lovers and couples and so he had sequestered himself away in his gnarled tower. He was jealous of straight couples and homophobic of the homosexuals because he found it perverse.

As a kind of revenge and punishment, he had placed a powerful spell around the tower so that no couple could come within 100 yards of his tower. If they did, they would be caught in a powerful paralyzing spell and they would be unable to move until Craig saw fit to come and release them. At this point, Craig would mete out some perverse form of judgement that would result in the lovers being parted. If they were straight, Craig would often turn the girl or woman into a lark, or a nightingale, or a sparrow or some other small bird and take her captive. To date, he had seven thousand cages of birds.

The man he would simply release into the world to be forever without his lady love. If he was feeling especially bitter or constipated or both, he might turn the man into some sort of forest animal like a wolf or a stag and set them loose to be hunted forevermore by the king's men until they were at last trapped or shot and killed.

If he caught a homosexual couple, his punishments were always more severe since he was a homophobe and jealous of all love. The jealousy he felt contradicted with the self righteousness he wanted to feel toward this "perversion" and made him churn with a bitter ball of rage in his belly.

Anyway, enough about this horrible, bigoted person.

As I said, about the time when Craig had been hermited away so long that he had become a distant unpleasant memory and the tales of his magic had become the stuff of fairy stories, there lived two men who were deeply in love.

Their names were Brian and Justin. Brian was tall with dark hair and eyes. His hands and back were strong and he was as courageous as he was strong. Justin was blond and blue-eyed. His skin was fair and white with lips like raspberries and tasted twice as sweet. He was younger than Brian which often caused heads to turn and tongues to wag but the two men cared nothing about that and it only made them want to busy their own tongues in more pleasurable pursuits. He had a sweet ass and was a little shorter and slighter in build but his sweet, caring and courageous nature was the stuff of legends.

The two men had had a tempestuous love affair that had spanned 5 years. Those years had been full of tears and tantrums, of make ups and break ups. Brian had resisted falling in love for a long time but at last could deny it no longer. He was in lust and in love with the annoying little twink and he couldn't get out of it. And when he did stop denying it, their happiness bloomed like a wildflower in the summer sun.

One warm day, the two men decided to go for a picnic in the forest. The days were nearing the end of spring and beginning summer. The daffodils had all died off, the days were definitely longer and the sun was too warm to be classified as comfortably warm. The crops in the fields and gardens were soaking up the warm sun like a sponge and everywhere things were green and growing in earnest.

It was on such a warm and happy day when the sun was hot and the sky as blue as Justin's eyes that they decided to escape prying eyes and hot sun and they hiked a good ways into the forest to work up an appetite.

Brian was wearing red tights that hugged his muscular legs and exquisite ass like a second skin. He wore a red tunic with a brown leather belt and brown leather boots. He wore a red peaked cap with an owl tail feather stuck in it.

Justin was wearing blue everything that matched his eyes. Tights, tunic, hat, all were blue. His hat had a white swan feather in it. His shoes were blue leather and flared out behind at the ankles.

Eventually, they came upon the lovely lake and saw the gnarled tower sticking up above the trees. They wondered about the tower but decided to eat first. They spread out a blanket by the lakeshore under a large oak tree with dense leaves that gave them plenty of shade.

"This is a great place. What a lovely lake," Justin said.

"It's OK," agreed Brian shortly.

Justin knew better. This meant Brian loved it.

"I'm here with you. That makes it perfect." Justin leaned in for a kiss.

"You know, you are being ridiculously romantic," murmured Brian.

"Absolutely. Absolutely ridiculous...ly romantic," Justin claimed his kiss.

Brian groaned and gathered the twink in and kissed him deeply. They made out like horny teenagers for a long while. The food was forgotten as other appetites were slaked.

Eventually however, they could not ignore their tummies anymore and tucked into ham sandwiches and tuna salad and cold roast chicken and lemonade and brownies. Everything was delicious and they enjoyed everything very much. Although, they may have enjoyed things just a little bit more if they had known that this would be their last meal together for a long, long time.

All too soon, they finished eating. Feeling full and a little bored, Justin turned his eyes to the tower.

"I wonder who lives there?" he wondered drowsily.

"Or...if anybody lives there," pointed out Brian.

Later, they couldn't decide who was the one who really wanted to go or even if that was the case, but at any rate a short time later they left the blanket with the picnic things mostly cleaned up and headed toward the tower.

Forest, lake, tower. Forest...lake...tower. Forest...lake...tower. Those three elements cycled through Brian's brain over and over. Suddenly, with a flash, he remembered.

"Justin, stop! Stop!!" But it was too late.

Justin was dancing away from him, playing keep away, moving just a step out of reach when all of a sudden he did stop and a look of horror crossed his face. He couldn't move.

Brian would never know if it was part of the spell that would trap him with his lover or just instinct but he moved forward and tried to pull Justin free. In the process, he moved forward just a little too much and was pulled past the 100 foot mark as well and was frozen with Justin.

"Um...So...what were you going to say?" asked Justin.

"I was going to say that my granny used to tell me stories about an evil witch that lived in a forest by a lake. In a tower. I thought she was making up fairy tales."

At that moment, Craig appeared in a puff of black, oily smoke. He wore a black cloak with a golden clasp and an expression that was mean and ugly enough to scare a zombie.
"Well, there goes that theory," said Justin.

"SHUT UP!!" screamed Craig, right in their frightened faces. "So!! After a hundred years, my trap has finally activated and caught another pair of lovers! And homosexual ones at that! I will have to think up something special for you perverts!"

The two men could do nothing but stand there, stiff and straight in their frozen state and await their fearsome fate.

Craig muttered and mumbled to himself and strode back and forth in front of his prey. He mumbled to himself and plotted and planned the way an evil child plans an exceptionally evil game to put his toys through.

Finally, he decided and said, "I think I will let the feathers on your caps decide your fate! When I'm through with you, you'll never be able to engage in your disgusting behaviour again!" He laughed maniacally.

And without further ado, he pronounced their fate.

"Bird of day!

Bird of night!

Bird of peace,

Bird of prey!

Always within each other's sight!

Always together! Eternally apart!

And forever with...broken hearts!"

 

Immediately, Justin's hat feather popped off. It multiplied into two. Then four. Then eight. Then on and on. The feathers swirled around him. Justin screamed and feathers forced themselves into his mouth. More and more they swirled, faster and faster, more and more of them as they multiplied. He was covered in white. He was white. He was gone and then there was a large, majestic swan there, strutting on the grass.

The swan that had been Justin honked twice and then took off and flew off above the trees and out of sight.

"You evil, wicked, SADISTIC SHIT! What have you done?"

/ "Isn't it obvious? I've turned him into a swan."

"Where's he going? Let me go! I have to find him!"

"He'll probably head for water," Craig said, sounding super bored.

"Let me go! You disgusting man!"

"I'M disgusting!? Well.... Isn't that just the pot calling the kettle black!! What about you and your boytoy there committing your wanton acts of carnality!!"

"He's not my boytoy! He's my lover! And we make love not want - wait...what did you call it? Oh my God...." Brian began to shake with helpless fits of laughter. (Well, he would have if he were not frozen.) "Fuck, how old are you anyway? You sound like you are from the Dark Ages."

"I am older than you can possibly imagine," Craig intoned in what was supposed to be an impressive voice.

"Oh, I don't know! I'm developing a pritt-tee broad imagination right about now," quipped Brian.

Craig growled right in his face. "You're in no position to be making jokes, asshole! Grrrrrrr! I wish you had been the one to turn into a bird first now! Ahh well! That's how the spell works."

"What spell?"

"Weren't you listening? He's a bird by day. You'll be one by night. Forever! You'll never...make - your disgusting - love...again!"

"You're the disgusting one! Oh God! There must be a way out of this!"

"Oh, you'd never manage it."

"Then there IS a way! Tell me!"

Give me one..." Craig held up a bony finger, "Just one good reason why I should tell you...anything!

"Because...you're dying to and then watch me fail!"

Craig opened his mouth to argue and then froze as if caught in his own spell. Then he closed his mouth again. "Actually, that's a pretty good answer. OK, here's the deal. There's a 104 days of summer stretching out before you. In that time, you and your boytoy must wander far and wide, through this kingdom and the next. You must gather together:

A cow as white as milk.

A pair of dancing shoes made of solid gold, made for a woman yet worn by a man.

A pickle, crunchy and green, that was picked for a purpose other than eating.

And a leather outfit, that is, a shirt, pants, and gloves, made by a huntsman who has never killed anything."

"What!!? That doesn't make any sense! Who would pick a pickle just to not eat it? What kind of huntsman never kills anything! That's the definition of a huntsman! Where do you think leather comes from? Elves?" And solid gold shoes? You wouldn't be able to lift your feet!"

"That's not my concern! I warned you that you'd never manage it! However, you have 104 days to figure it out and get back to me. If you do, I'll tell you what you have to do next!"

"I - we will figure it out and when we do come back, I will figure out a way through this enchantment and cut off your head! Then I'll free all who you have imprisoned! Be forewarned, Witch!"

At this, Craig only sniggered derisively, turned once on his heel and vanished in a puff of smoke even blacker and uglier than the one before.

Once he was gone, Brian was released from the captive spell and he was able to move again. He ran back to the lake as fast as he could. He was very grateful to find Justin the swan swimming serenely in the water.

"Poor Justin! God, he's still so beautiful! How am I to get hold of him and take him with me on such a long quest. And what of me? The sun is low in the sky and soon I will change! How will he take me? And how am I to find all these strange things!?"

"With help from me, Sweetie, of course!" said a voice behind him. Brian jumped and whirled around.

Behind him (and now in front) was a figure floating in the air dressed in shimmering silver spandex shorts and a shiny shirt stretched across his wiry but toned chest. He had a charming gap toothed smile and his hair was made out of a white fire that was like the glow of white-hot embers.

"Holy fuck! Who or what are you!!?" yelled Brian.

"I am Emmett. I am the Fairy whose light is erotic love. Others may burn longer but my flame burns the brightest! I'm here to help you and you are in the presence of a real fairy so watch your fucking language!"

"Oh. Sorry then," said Brian sulkily.

"We fairies have had our eye on that wicked witch for a long time. We have wanted to destroy him for centuries but our goodness cannot penetrate the evil of the barrier he has set up. For the same reason, I cannot interfere with his magic or break his spells. And because you are only familiar with erotic love, only I can help you. And my powers are limited. This is all I can do for you right now."

And out of the air, Emmett picked out long thin chain made out of the finest gold and three large beans that were as clear as crystal.

"This chain will make any animal docile and follow you. You can use it to take Justin with you on your travels. And he can travel with you, if he wants to."

"What's that supposed to mean?"Brian asked suspiciously.

"I'm afraid you'll find out soon enough," Emmett said sadly, "And my time is growing short as it is. Also, take these beans. There is some magic left in them although, I can't quite remember what it is. Head west and eventually you will find the cow you seek. Use the beans to buy him."

"What! Who's going to trade a cow for some lousy beans? How am I supposed to pull that off?"

"I'm sure I don't know. But that's all I can tell you and all I can do for you. I'm sorry Brian. Expand your feelings to feel other kinds of love and perhaps another fairy can help you. Good bye..." And with that, Emmett faded away.

Brian was left there, feeling helpless and alone. He was frustrated and angry and he was armed only with his new gifts to help him. His time was running out. The sun was starting to be low in the sky. It was about 2 hours till sunset.

@@@@@@@

Brian wasted no time in writing Justin a note. Then he packed away all the leftovers and blanket and took a crust of bread over to the water's edge. He attracted the swan's attention and made a trail of bread crumbs. The swan followed them agreeably out of the water, honking softly. As soon as Justin had come close enough, Brian threw the golden chain around his long neck. The chain tightened to just the right amount and instantly the swan was caught in the spell and walked docilely over to Brian. Brian led him over to the basket and then they were off heading west. Brian hurried a little and the swan flapped a little to keep up. Brian ran and Justin hopped and flew, hopped and flew along. The sun was now very low indeed in the sky.

At last, when the sun was touching down to the edge of the world, Brian chose a secluded spot by a tree a little ways off the road and settled down to wait. He put the note where it would be easily be seen and stroked the swan's head lovingly.

"Oh Justin, I'm so sorry! I feel this is all my fault. I hope you can forgive me."

The sun was a half circle on the horizon.

"Don't wander too far, my love," Brian drew off the golden chain and then put it around his own neck. The chain expanded and then tightened to just the right amount.

The swan began honking softly and meandering away, eating bits of grass. Brian just sat there and watched the sun slip away. He watched the last sliver of the sun slip away below the world.

And then everything went black.

TBC

Chapter 2 - The Cow as White as Milk. by Britin4ever71

 Disclaimer: This story is fanfic only. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is made off of this and characters are...mostly OOC. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Everybody wins when nobody sues!


 


Chapter 2


The Cow as White as Milk


 


The instant the sun set, there was a whirlwind if white feathers that engulfed Justin the swan, swirled around, up and up, imploding, and then imploding again until there was only the single white feather again which then... ‘POP'! hopped itself back onto his hat.


Before Justin could do much more than turn around and catch sight of Brian, the brown owl feather popped off his hat, multiplied and engulfed him.


"Brian!!" Justin screamed in horror. But it was too late.


When everything had quieted down, Justin was left alone in an unfamiliar field by an unfamiliar road in the middle of nowhere feeling very alone and bereft. There was a large, brown horned owl with a golden chain around its neck. There was their picnic basket with a piece of paper sticking out of the blanket.


Justin read:


Dear Justin,


My time is short so I'll make this quick.


The tower we explored was indeed home to a wicked witch. He cast a spell on us. By day, you will be a swan and by night I am an owl. I'm not sure what will happen so just in case the owl with the gold chain around his neck is me. The chain is enchanted and will keep me with you, so do not remove it. To break the spell we need four ingredients, the first of which is a white cow. I was informed that we will find it if we keep heading west. Continue on, my sweet or have a sleep but don't forget to take me with you. We have 104 days to gather everything and get back to the tower.


I love you,


Brian


 


Justin was in a state of complete stupefaction. He didn't know whether to come or to go to stay or hurry, and he only had the dwindling twilight to tell him which was the right way to go. And he felt absolutely confused; as he remembered nothing from the time he had been turned into a swan until just now.


"What on earth am I to do? I hardly know whether I am coming or going. All I know is that I should head west. And what's all this about a white cow? And I feel terrible leading around a gorgeous creature like this like a bull with a ring through its nose. Especially if it is Brian." He petted the owl tenderly and the owl rubbed its face against his hand. "Oh God! I wish I knew what to do!"


"I can tell you what to do," said voice behind him.


Justin whirled and before him was a very strange creature indeed.


It was a short man in his 30's with short, black, straight hair. He wore a blue tunic and leggings and black shoes. His entire being glowed with a pale blue aura that was both haunting and sickly to look at. At the same time it was steady and determined and Justin could tell that this being was filled with a quiet power.


"Who are you?" asked Justin.


"I am Michael. I am the Blue Fairy. My light burns from the power of unrequited love. My light burns the lowest but it is steady and strong and filled with hope. I know you are well acquainted with my light as your love was unrequited for many years. For this reason, I have been allowed to help you."


"That is true. But it is not unrequited anymore. It is returned very much so, if only this cruel curse had not been placed upon us. Are you sure you can still help me?"


"Yes. The love you have is the love you have earned. And so you have earned my help as well. Take this." Michael held out a blue whistle and a black leather collar. "The whistle will call the other to you, wherever you are in the world. However, keep in mind that it will still take a little time for you to fly to each other so take care not to lose track of each other. The collar will give you sentient awareness and allow you to remember what you did during your time as an animal."


Justin took them solemnly. "Thank you, Michael. I can't ever repay you for these gifts."


"Yes, you can," Michael answered earnestly, "Succeed in your quest to break the spell. Then we can show you how to destroy his evil barrier and we can bring him to justice."


"I'll certainly do my best," Justin said humbly. "At the moment though, I hardly know what to do. I feel as if I just woke up from a long nap. I don't even know where I am."


"It doesn't matter. What does matter is that you continue on down that road until you reach a crossroad with a cluster of sunflowers at each corner. There you can rest and await the day. You must wait near that crossroad and sometime during the day tomorrow, you shall come across the white cow you need. At that point, I think you will come across the clue you need to find the next ingredient as well."


"Thank you very much Michael!" Justin enthused.


"Good bye Justin....and good luck." Michael's light pulsed a few times rather sadly, faded and then disappeared, taking him with it.


@@@@@@@@


Justin returned to Brian who was still waiting for him passively by the side of the road. Justin put the collar on him.


At once, the owl perked up a bit and looked up at him with an intelligent gleam in his eyes.


"Brian? Are you in there?"


The owl flapped a little and hooted.


"I'm going to take the chain off now, OK? You'll be free, understand. I can call you with this whistle but you won't be enslaved, all right?"


The owl seemed agreeable.


Justin drew off the chain. The owl took off, a darker, magnificent image against a dark sky.


Justin watched him go and then picked up the basket and continued on down the road.


The night was a bit creepy but it was warm and fragrant with flowers. Justin felt as if the silence was pressing in upon him. But then he realized it wasn't really silent. The wind whooshed through the trees in a way he never would have noticed in the day. Owls hooted and it was a nightingale that serenaded him instead of a lark. Trees and bushes rustled as moles, rats, raccoons, cats, and other nocturnal creatures crossed his path or roamed the countryside


Justin walked for a few hours and then rested a while by the side of the road. His feet were very tired and he still seemed to be a long way from anywhere. There wasn't a crossroad in sight.


Justin rummaged through the basket and decided this would be a good idea to write Brian a note back. He also blew on the whistle to call Brian to him.


After jotting a note, Justin continued wearily on. It was about 15 minutes later when Brian joined him. Justin wrapped the blanket that they had picnicked on around his arm and Brian landed on that.


"We shall have to get something proper," Justin said, stroking Brian's soft feathers lovingly. "In the meantime, we have to find a crossroads with sunflowers in each corner. Would you fly ahead and see if it is much farther for me?"


Brian hooted and took off. He disappeared but was back about 15 minutes later, hooting excitedly. Justin took this to mean they were very close and he was correct. Another hour or so and he was at a crossroad with farmland on all sides. A cluster of beautiful sunflowers decorated each corner. Well, they were dark shapes in the night, but in the daytime, they were probably lovely.


Rather sadly, Justin contemplated the fact that he wouldn't be seeing things in color for a long time. Then he sighed and shrugged and found a nearby haystack to burrow into and promptly fell asleep.


@@@@@@@@


Justin awoke to Brian's gentle hooting into his ear. He stroked Brian's tawny head and struggled out of the haystack, which was now quite messy. The eastern sky was rosy pink with the impending dawn but the sun was not up yet.


Justin quickly checked his note again and made sure everything was in order. And then it was time.


A sliver of sun climbed the edge of the world and sent its cautious rays over the world.


Instantly, Brian was transformed back into a man and was treated to one torturous second of Justin's sweet face before the white feathers swirled and consumed him again.


Brian felt very conflicted. As soon as Justin had put on the collar, he had been awake and aware all night and he remembered everything. He remembered going hunting for mice and voles and even eating a few. And while it seemed like the right and good thing to do at the time, he was now a little disgusted. However, he decided not to dwell on it and not blame himself for anything he might do while he was wildlife.


He took off the collar and before Justin could get away, he put the golden chain on him and then collared him. The collar hung loosely, even at its tightest setting but it had the desired effect. Justin the swan perked up and honked softly in approval.


The swan waddled over and picked up a piece of paper from the basket. Brian plucked it out of his mouth. He read:


 


Dear Brian:


A blue fairy with the power of unrequited love gave me the collar and the whistle. The collar keeps us cognizant even if we are animals and the whistle will call me to you. He also told me the white cow we need, will come along at this crossroad sometime today. He said we would also receive a clue as to where to go to get the next ingredient as well.


I love you more than I can tell.


Justin


 


The note was so short and sweet that Brian had to smile a little. Concise and to the point, and yet romantic and sappy as hell. Without really thinking about it he tucked it deep into the basket before settling down to wait. Justin had flown back to the haystack and was making himself a makeshift nest. When he was done, he sank gratefully into it and fell asleep with his head under one wing.


Brian sat beside him and kept his eye on the road.


Nothing much happened for a few hours.


Finally, there came a time where Brian spied a figure coming down the road.


Brian gauged the distance and snuck over to a place on the road where the person didn't see him. He walked along the road in such a way so that he met this person at the crossroads.


It was perfect. It was a boy of about 12, leading a cow by a rope. The cow was perfectly white but so thin its ribs were sticking out drastically.


"Good morning," said Brian, as if he met young boys at deserted crossroads every day of his life. "What's your name and where are you going?"


"Good morning sir. I am going to town to sell our cow. Our farm was hard hit this year and we can't afford to feed her anymore and as a result she stopped giving milk. I can only hope the butcher will give me a good price."


"Well actually," Brian said, carefully keeping the excitement out of his voice, "I'm in the market for a cow myself. I'll fatten her up again so she can give me free milk. Let me buy her from you and then you don't have to go all the long, hot way to town and back."


"I dunno," said the boy cautiously, "What do you have to give me for her? It doesn't seem like you have much money."


Brian took a deep breath and presented the beans. You're right there. But I'm offering more than just a butcher's one lump sum. I'll give you these beans. They're magic. Grow them and a beanstalk will grow into the sky, up to a land in the clouds where you can seek your fortune. Be brave and you can bring home many times the money that I or any butcher could give you."


"What!? That's nuts. Why should I believe you!?" cried the boy.


"Don't just believe me," said Brian, "Just look at the beans. Have you ever seen anything like them?"


"No. I haven't," Jack admitted. "But if they are so magic, why don't you use them?"


Brian thought quickly. "Well, I'm a lot older than you," he was loathe to admit. At the same time, he hoped he seemed downright ancient to the youngster. "I won the beans in a game of chance but I'm too tired to go adventuring. I just want to settle down in a nice little cottage, with a chicken or two to give me eggs, a cow to give me milk and a garden to grow. An adventure to seek your fortune if more for your age and ilk. So how bout we trade?" Brian gave his most winning smile and waited for the lightning to strike him dead for all the lies he had told in that breath alone.


No lightning came. Instead, there was a short silence as Jack was thinking a mile a minute and glancing down the western road in distaste as he thought of the long hot way he still had to go but didn't want to.


At last though, he handed over the rope and put the beans in his pocket. "I hope you're right, old man," he said.


Brian's smile felt as stretched as a cord of taffy as he replied, "Oh, I am. You'll do great, Jack. Good luck on your adventure. Oh by the way..." he added as if he'd just thought of it, "Is there a place in town to stable her...you know...while I house hunt." He kept smiling throughout and tamped down the urge to grab the whippersnapper by the ankles and shake him till the stupid fell out.


"The king will stable the cow if you take up...the challenge," said Jack.


"Oh? What challenge?"


"The king has 11 daughters and one son. Every morning they are very hard to wake and their shoes have been worn through as if they had been walked or danced in all night. But they are locked in their room at night and there is no way for them to go anywhere. The king is sick of replacing their shoes every night not to mention driven half mad with wondering what the mystery is. He has offered 1000 guilders to whoever can solve the mystery but if they cannot tell him the answer within 3 days, he will cut off their head. Many have tried but none have succeeded."


A wild excitement grew in Brian's belly. This was the clue that had been promised them!


"A thousand guilders would be a welcome addition to my pocket. Thanks for telling me Jack. I think I will try it! Good luck to you and don't let the giants eat you!"


"God forbid!" said Jack, and then he was off and running back the way he had come, as if the devil himself were chasing him. He looked and felt unfettered and free, as young boys should be.


TBC


 

Chapter 3 - The 11 Dancing Princesses....and one Prince. by Britin4ever71

 


 


 Disclaimer: This story is fanfic only. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is made off of this and characters are...mostly OOC. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Everybody wins when nobody sues!


 


Chapter 3


The 11 Dancing Princesses....and one Prince


 


 


It was slower going with a cow but they managed it. Before they set off, Brian allowed them a bit of a rest and let the cow loose on the haystack. The cow ate half of it before it finally stopped, stood there, farted noisily and fragrantly, and dropped a few cow patties.


Brian took the hint, and looped the golden chain around its neck in a cowbell knot. The chain lengthened magically to just the right length and the cow followed obediently along.


So there they were; a man, a cow, and a swan. They made a very odd company indeed but there was nothing to be done. They were who they were.


The cow slowed them down a great deal as it needed rest and food and water and it slept at night. However, they made the best of it and every night Justin would collar Brian the owl and Brian would therefore fly off and hunt for voles and rats and even the occasional rabbit. Justin would skin and otherwise prepare them and between the both of them they would eat them during their rest periods. As they walked along during the day, they would blatantly steal hay or field grass or corn plants (they would sneak a little ways into the field so it was not obvious) and feed it to the cow as they walked along. The let the cow drink deeply at every stream or lake they came across.


It was a slow, rough, and dishonest journey they travelled but there was nothing to be done. They had no choice.


A week later, they reached the capital city. The cow had filled out a bit but it was still very skinny. And they still looked a motley crew of Brian, a cow, and a swan riding on the top of her back.


Brian asked directions and soon made his way to the king's stables.


"I would like to stable my cow here," he said, "I want to try the challenge."


"It's 10 guilders per week," the stable master said shortly.


"I don't have the money at the moment," returned Brian carefully, (the guy was built like a brick shithouse) "But I will pay you after I solve the challenge, plus a few weeks after that as well as I need to journey on after that."


"No one has solved the challenge yet. I doubt you will either," the stable master said rudely.


"Well, I will give it my best attempt," returned Brian, as he braved on, "Isn't there anything I can give you as collateral?"


The stable master thought for a minute and then said, "Your cow and your bird will be collateral. If you fail, you will be dead and I will sell them to the butcher to get my money back."


The swan gave Brian a sharp look.


"You give me little choice. Agreed," said Brian, "However, you need not look after my swan. It stays with me."


"Don't worry," said the stable master, grabbing the cow's chain and leading it away, "I'll make sure it's delivered to me after you are dead."


"Thanks for the vote of confidence," muttered Brian sarcastically, but he turned and left the stables with Justin following close behind him. He gave Brian a sharp peck in the ankle, which Brian could tell meant he was pissed off.


"I know, I know. Lay off OK? I have a good feeling about this. We can do this. We have each other."


Justin gave a decidedly pissed off honk.


"I know, I know! I had to make a snap decision. Geez! I'm sorry OK?"


"HONK!"


@@@@@@@@


Quite soon after, Brian stood before the king and queen. They were King Carl and Queen Debbie. They were slightly older but still handsome and stately people. They also could be very judgmental but this was not always a bad thing.


"So, you want to accept the challenge!" King Carl boomed, "Who are you and where do you come from?"


But Brian had had a few minutes to think outside before they let him in and had come up with a plan.


"My name," Brian said, "is Britin. I come from the Eastern province but news of your problem has travelled far. So I thought I would come and solve it and gain the prize."


"And what makes you so cock sure you can solve what so many have failed?" asked King Carl.


"Because...I have...the magic," said Brian/Britin mysteriously.


Everyone in the court oooh'ed and ahhhh'ed impressively.


"Quiet!" yelled King Carl, "And what magic is this?"


"At sunset I become as a different man. At night, I am a gorgeous blond with blue eyes. And my swan turns into an owl. At dawn, we change back into this form again."


"An interesting magic indeed. But how will this help you solve what happens with my daughters and son?"


"I am hoping this will give me extra insight into the situation, your Majesty," said Brian...or Britin as we must call them both from now on.


"That's highly unlikely," scoffed the king, "How do we even know that this magic is real? I should have your head cut off right now for trying to deceive me!"


"Carl!" barked Queen Debbie, "Simmer down! You'll hike up your blood pressure!"


"Wait until sunset," said Britin, "I will need a sheet but other than that I will transform right here for you."


"Why do you need a sheet?" asked King Carl suspiciously.


"The transformation....isn't pretty," said Britin ominously...and untruthfully.


"So be it! Take them to a room, lock them in and bring them back just before sunset. If he tells the truth, he can stand watch outside my daughter's and son's room. If he fails and is shown a liar, he will instantly be killed!"


"Fair enough," agreed Britin, and allowed himself to be led from the room.


@@@@@@@


Just before sunset....


 


The anticipation in the throne room was buzzing to a fever pitch. They were about to see real magic or an execution so of course everybody who was anybody was there to watch. Bets were plentiful.


Britin was led into the room in chains. His hands were cuffed behind him and he wore leg irons. The swan waddled gamely in behind him.


"Why is the prisoner shackled?" asked King Carl, "Did he try and get away?"


"No, Your Majesty. I came in to bring him, gave him the choice and he opted for it!"


"Opted for it! You big tease! I positively insisted!" groaned Britin, in pure pleasure. "What?" he asked to some stares, "What can I say? I'm a sucker for hot guys and cold steel!"


The swan gave him a not so gentle peck in the ankle and a sharp ‘HONK!'


"Uhhh...oh, right! Ummm...when I turn into my blond self though, I might not like it....quite so much. My personality's a bit different at night."


"Let's hope there'll be an improvement," quipped the king drily.


The sun was now just touching down, so Brian/Britin was unchained and given a large white bedsheet. He picked up the swan and draped the entire thing over the both of them.


The sun was halfway down.


With shaking fingers, Brian picked at the collar and freed Justin from it. Then he held onto the now wild and honking swan tightly and hurriedly buckled the collar onto his own neck.


The sun slivered and sent the last ray of the day into the world.


An unholy wind blew into the throne room and the sheet billowed and flapped as the transformations took place. The honking were terrible and to add effect, Brian made horrible cries of pain none of which he felt. For a second the two men were there together under the sheet.


"Love you," they both mouthed silently to each other.


And then Brian was transforming, the sheet was flapping around again and the people were all holding each other for sheer fright.


Then it was done, and a completely different young man was pulling the sheet off and there was an owl instead of a swan.


Justin/Britin pulled his way free of the sheet awkwardly and it pooled messily down around his feet. He stepped free. There was dead silence.


"Uh....hi there!" he said, somewhat breathlessly.


There was deafening applause and even the king looked somewhat impressed. Queen Debbie was smiling and applauding madly. Justin bowed appreciatively and casually bent and re-adjusted the collar to fit slightly more snug and comfortably on the owl. He whispered quickly to the owl and it immediately took off and flew majestically out a window.


"Oy! Where's it going?" cried the king.


"Oh! Well, when my bird is an owl, he's happier when he's night hunting. I sent him out and told him to have fun hunting rats but to be back before dawn." This was a lie.


"Oh, I see. Well, are you ready to try the challenge? This is your first night to try and find out where my children go and wear out their dancing shoes."


"Of course," answered Justin/Britin, "But I was curious..."


"Yes, Sunshine?" asked Queen Debbie.


"Well....have you ever just tried asking them where they go?"


"Oh well....you know teenagers!" answered King Carl, "They bottle right up and fly off the handle when you ask them any old thing."


"I see," said Britin. Inside, he thought, ‘So that's a no then.'


Aloud, he said, "Lead the way. I'll do my best."


"Guard!"


@@@@@@


From how everyone was talking, Justin thought he was going to be babysitting a bunch of kids. So imagine his surprise when he was shown to his own single bed in an adjacent room where 12 (count ‘em) twelve!!...fully grown young adults of marriageable age, the youngest who was the Prince named Gus who was 18 years old.


They all treated him very hospitably and made sure he was tucked in to his bed very comfortably. A few were a little grumpy about having yet another interloper invading their space. However, these received pokes and winks from the others, which Britin found very odd.


However, before he could address this in any depth, Prince Gus was approaching him with a glass of Jim Beam.


"We give all the contestants a nice drink as a present of hospitality. Please accept this with our compliments."


Well, there was nothing Britin could do without seeming incredibly rude, so he sipped and then drank deeply, and then thanked them all.


After awhile though, his eyes started to get heavier and heavier. His neck started to ache. He leaned back into his pillow, which seemed incredibly soft and comfortable. He watched everyone else get ready for bed. More and more and for longer times, his eyes closed. His head lolled. He was asleep.


Gus had been keeping watch and saw him fall asleep. He held up Justin's hand and then dropped it to make sure he was really out.


Out of earshot of his sisters, he whispered, "Sorry..."


Out loud, he said, "He's sleeping."


"Thank God!" bitched the eldest. "I hate these outsiders who stick their noses in our business!"


"There was a general consensus of agreement.


"But don't you feel bad at all? We've sent all these young men to the chopping block! We're as good as murderers!"


"They've sent themselves there by butting their noses in where they don't belong. Greedy fortune hunters who get what they deserve! We've told you all this before Gus! Besides, what if one of them wanted to marry us!? The princess speaking shuddered. "They'd take us away from our hunks down below. Now get dressed and stop whining. We've been all over this before!"


"I do love my prince from below," said Gus. He fingered Justin's sunshine locks. "But you...." he whispered out of earshot, "You, I'd let take me away from all this."


Out loud, he said, "Why don't you guys all just go this time? I don't feel like getting dressed up and I hate dressing up in girl's shoes. Honestly, I don't understand how you can wear out your shoes in one night!"


"Oh, you wear them out too, Gus! Besides, we've been over this a million times. Your hunk is waiting and they won't let us in without everyone being there! Now hurry up!"


Well, of course, they really gave Gus no choice, so he hurried and dressed in a gold tank top and matching shorts with golden makeup and glitter, as he knew his man liked that. Then he put on the pair of golden dancing shoes that were the bane of his existence as they were made for women but he knew they wouldn't be allowed in without them. So he put up with them.


The eldest princess went over to a tiled rose mosaic in the middle of the fireplace mantle and pressed it. An identical, larger mosaic in the center of the floor opened up like an iris and then dropped bit by bit to reveal a secret stairway that spiralled down. Going from eldest to youngest, all of them went down the stairs and vanished.


There were a few moments of quiet. Then the secret stairway reversed and closed back up. The room was now empty except for Justin who slept his drugged sleep.


Outside the window, on a tree, on a branch, unseen by all was a pair of round yellow eyes that had seen everything. They were attached to a pair of sensitive, feathered ears that had heard everything.


@@@@@


"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING YET!!!!!?" screamed the jolliest king in the world.


"Well, I have a few clues but before I could confirm anything, I was drugged," said daytime Britin.


"Drugged...hmmmphhh! A likely story!" harrumphed the king as if it were Britin's fault for someone drugging him.


"Well, it won't happen again!" declared Britin.


@@@@@@@


That night.....


 


"Hello Britin," said Gus shyly, "Here's an evening Jim Beam for you again. I know how much you liked the last one."


"Thank you Gus," Justin/Britin said kindly, "I sure did." He took it from the young man and took a sip.


Gus just stood there awkwardly looking a little shamefaced. "Um....how was your day?"


"Pretty good. How was yours?"


"It was OK. Lessons were pretty hard today. The tutor doesn't like me."


"That's too bad. Looks like that nasty streak will continue tonight with that monster zit on your chin."


"WHAT!? Where??" Gus grabbed his face and turned to a mirror. He checked quickly and with relief found that Britin must be mistaken. There was nothing there. When he turned back Britin's glass was empty.


"You're being mean, I think," said Gus flirting a little, "There's nothing there."


Britin smiled to himself. A pity. This kid was adorable but he hadn't a snowball's chance in hell with him "You're right. Thank God. I guess I was thinking of your eldest sister's face for a second," he said, flirting back. He had noticed that Gus blatantly did not like that particular overly bossy, overly butch princess.


Gus giggled. "Yeah....sometimes Melanie's a real chore."


Britin smiled back and they chatted pleasantly for a few minutes. Soon though, Britin began to yawn and his head began to droop and snap back up.


"I know I'm supposed to keep any eye on you guys, but I'm soooo....tired. Have to stay up though...Have to...stay....awake..." Justin/Britin struggled a bit more and then fell back onto the bed and passed out. He began to snore gently.


Gus lifted and dropped his hand again and checked his eyelids. He was out.


"He's sleeping," he said as usual.


There was the usual flurry to get ready.


"God, don't you have any guilt in what we're doing? Any remorse? We're killing this young man off! And all the others too! And all so we can just go chase some tail!"


"Hey! You're chasing the tail too Gus! So think about that while you're up there on your high horse! Besides, we've only got to visit them 3 more times before the curse is broken and they can come up and marry us! Can you just hold your water...for three more days!!?" yelled Melanie.


Gus glared. It was at times like this when he really hated his sister. "I'd hold it a lot better if this innocent man could hold onto his head!" he declared defiantly.


However, he got ready with all the rest of them and soon Melanie was pressing the rose in the mantle again. The stairway opened and all of them trailed down through. The stairway closed.


The instant the noise stopped, Justin opened his eyes and sat up. His admiration for Gus now knew no bounds.


He pulled out a piece of paper from his shirt, perused it for a moment, and then plucked out something from the folds. He folded it up again and put it back lovingly into his bosom. He got up, pressed the rose and went down the stairway.


@@@@@@


Dear Justin,


After we transformed together under that sheet, I did what you told me and flew around the castle till I found the prince(esses)' bedroom.


I heard everything. The Jim Beam they give you is drugged so don't drink it. Pretend to fall asleep. Wait until they all leave. Then go to the mantle and press the rose tiles you find there. The mosaic on the floor will open like a stairway. Follow them, find out where they go and bring back proof.


You will need help and I have received this help. Today at about midday I fell asleep and dreamed. A very muscular Dom appeared to me. He wore a Muir cap had a walrus moustache and was dressed in leather shorts, boots and a leather harness. On his left arm he wore a leather armband and a leather glove on his hand and on his right hand he wore a woman's black silken evening glove and a pearl bracelet to fasten it on. He gave me the leather armband and the leather glove and told me if I wore it on my left side, I would become invisible. Then he gave me the silken glove and the pearl bracelet and told me if I wore it on my right side, I would be adorned in the hottest club clothes I could imagine. When I awoke, I had them in my lap. I assume they will work on you too.


I've enclosed them in this letter.


Best of luck, hotness. I love you.


Brian


@@@@@@


As Justin descended, he snapped on the leather armband and tugged on the leather glove on his left arm and hand. He watched himself become transparent and then vanish away altogether. It was a strange feeling to be there and yet not be there as well.


Gaining confidence, he hurried on down the stairs that spiralled down, down and around. He was in such a hurry to catch up that he turned a corner and suddenly he was there. Gus was right in front of him and before anything could be done, he bumped into him.


"Who's there?" asked Gus sharply, turning quickly.


Justin backed up and pressed against the wall. He didn't dare to breathe.


"What's the hold up!?" yelled Melanie from the front.


"Someone bumped into me! But there's no one there! It's all very strange! I feel a strange foreboding tonight! We should go back!" Gus yelled.


"Don't be silly! If we do, the curse will never be broken and our partners will be trapped in their curse forever! You're clumsy! You probably just fell against the wall!"


How can you argue with logic like that?


‘Bitch!' thought Gus and Justin.


The staircase went deeply down and then finally ended. They came out of a domed doorway and Justin gasped softly. Instead of a dark cavern there was a whole other world. It was hot and sultry as the summer up above. There was a green sky. They were walking along a marbled avenue lined with trees. At first, Justin thought it was the bright summer moon shining onto the trees, icing them silver. But as he looked closer, he saw that they really were silver! Amazing!


Justin reached up and broke off a twig. It made a loud crack.


"What was that?" Gus cried, who was closest to Justin, "Something's wrong! We should go back!"


"Don't be silly Gus! That must have been a welcome salute from our princes. We must be late! Hurry now!"


The rest of the squealed and hurried along a bit faster. Well, how can you argue with logic like that?


‘Bitch!' thought Gus and Justin.


The lines of silver trees were replaced with avenues of golden trees. Justin was reminded of autumn colors that herald the coming of the shorter days and colder weather that replace the hot days and sultry, warm nights of summer.


Carefully, he reached up and broke off a golden twig Of course, it made a loud crack.


"What was that?" cried Gus, "That was definitely something near! Something's wrong! We should go back!"


"Nonsense!" cried Melanie, "It was just another salute from our princes! Hurry! They're waiting!" And everyone jogged on ahead. Well, how can you argue with logic like that?


‘Bitch!' thought Gus and Justin.


The eleven princesses and one prince leapt and danced and jogged along and soon the walkway was lined with avenues of trees made out of crystalline diamond. The whole display reminded Justin of snow and ice studded trees in the middle of winter. It reminded him of Christmas in July. It was so beautiful he had to be a part of it. Well, that and he needed proof.


Carefully, Justin reached up and broke off a twig. Of course, it made a loud crack.


"OK, someone else HAD to have heard that!" yelled Gus, looking all around but of course finding nothing, "Something's definitely up! We really should go back!"


"Oh Gus! What a worrywart you are this night! Well you go back if you want but we're almost there! It was just another report from a salute! They're just excited! The curse is almost done and we must be late! But you go back if you are going to be such a whiner and worrywart!" And with many other words and barbs they teased him but Gus did not leave because he wanted to break the curse over his own musclebound prince and also because he didn't want to go all that long, silent way back through the strange trees alone.


At last he said, "I heard what I heard....bitch!" and then strode on ahead resolutely and refused to say another word to any of them.


The last word was said to any and all of them and they were all shocked into silence but since they were nearly there, they simply wiped the insult and shock off their faces and hurried on. All of them were a little worried at Gus's straight back and furious face and wondered if they had gone a little too far.


And then there was no time to think of anything else for they were there.


The walkway opened out into a shore and there was huge lake. Waiting on the shore were twelve handsome, young, strong men. Each man was waiting by a small boat.


As one, all the men held out their arms and the eleven princesses and Gus fell into them, each one into their particular sweetheart's embrace.


 


TBC

Chapter 4 - The Enchanted Ball. by Britin4ever71

 

 

 

Chapter 4

The Enchanted Ball

 

   Each prince helped a princess and a Gus into a boat and they set off. Carefully, Justin got in beside Gus.

 

   In each boat, a strong prince grabbed a set of oars and rowed across the lake.

 

   Tonight though, Gus' boat dropped behind a little. The prince's muscles strained and his deep chest heaved in a mouthwatering display.

 

   "I'm sorry, my prince, he said to Gus, "I don't know what's wrong! But I can't seem to catch up to the rest tonight"

 

   "It's probably the heat tonight," said Gus, "I found it very sultry and hot on the way here and I'm warm right now too. Don't worry about it. A little space from my sisters is what I need right now anyway. Let's just enjoy the privacy."

 

   The prince smiled a toothy smile and Gus smiled back sappily.

 

   However, beside him Justin was frozen in a mask of horror. He chalked it up to his magic items but he could see that the prince's outward appearance was not his true form. It was superimposed over yet another image; the true prince's face was stretched in a mask of misery, revulsion, and hate. The true prince was enslaved to this "curse" and Gus had no idea that in reality this guy was straight, possibly homophobic and made Gus' homo-erotic toy.

 

   Justin looked over to the other boats and looked...really looked at the other princes and saw more of the same. Some were faces of abject lust, a few loved the princesses truly but others were miserable, beaten down or railing in silent screams of rage against their imprisonment. The one rowing Melanie's boat was actually a woman!

 

   However, none of them could see through the deception and every single one of the princesses plus Gus was completely besotted with their partner. Melanie still looked a bit severe but still more relaxed than before.

 

   All the boats rowed across the lake to a central island. On the island was a large castle made of black stone. It was very beautiful and shone like onyx but there was an underlying creepiness as well. It was to this castle that the twelve princes rowed. Eleven and then one boat ran aground and twelve prices helped eleven princesses and Gus out and escorted them up to the castle. Justin waited a bit and then followed after. He crept in unseen. There was a large vestibule with a number of capes and hats hung up on hooks and a pair of double door opposite where Justin had come in. He crossed swiftly and opened the door and entered softly and moving the door as little as possible.

 

   He needn't have bothered. The noise was deafening and the sensory overload was total.

 

   The entire castle was one central room. Door opened off this room haphazardly around the edges, portals to upper rooms and towers no doubt but this central room was huge. It was divided into four quarters and in the center were four dining tables, each heavily laden with food.

 

   The first quarter was filled with dancing people all in white. There was a laser show and on a high stage was a performing dancer dressed as a bride. Her dress was elaborate and decorated with sequins made from diamonds and pearls.

 

   The second quarter was a leather ball with people in various stages of dress and undress in leather. There was a spanking bench and a St Andrew's Cross and a hundred men all dancing in wild revelry.

 

   The third quarter was a formal dress ball. Men and men and men and women danced together in couples in ball gowns and tuxedoes.

 

   The fourth quarter was a kind of night club setting. There were lot of men and women both in straight and gay couples but mostly gay. People were dressed in golden club clothes and it didn't take a genius to spot Gus dancing with his musclebound and secretly miserable prince.

 

   From where Justin stood, there was a cacophony of noise, music from all quarters inundated him. Then he moved toward Gus and as he moved into a single section, only that music could be heard. Overall, there were trumpets and strings and classical, kettledrums, techno, and synthesized keyboards with a lot of electric guitars. As Justin moved into the nightclub area however, everything faded except the techno music overlaid with the kettledrums, beating out an irresistible thumpa thumpa beat. There were green lasers and on high suspended platforms, muscular dancers stamped out a primal beat, sweat pouring off their oiled bodies.

 

   Justin watched Gus for a minute and was again struck by his masculine beauty and grace. He was so young too, just eighteen and full of hope and the belief in true love. He danced primally with his muscular prince, oblivious to the fact that his partner was just going through the motions. Gus' happy face was turned up toward his lover the way a sunflower turns its face toward the hot summer sun and his golden glitter sparked on his face the way diamonds of light, dapple on a pond, kissed by warm summer sunshine.

 

   Without any real plan, Justin stood near the door, put the silk glove and pearl bracelet on his right wrist and then took off the leather glove and armband from his right.

 

Immediately he appeared and moved into the throng of the nightclub. He was wearing golden club clothes that sparkled and shone like silk His pants looked sprayed on and his blue hat with white feather just disappeared, letting his blond hair shine as gold as his clothes.

 

   He moved within sight of Gus and he could tell Gus was impressed and his dancing slowed a little. When he realized the beautiful man was smiling at him and moving closer....to him, Gus' mouth opened comically in surprise and he stopped dancing, waiting for him to get there.

 

   Justin tapped on Gus' partner's shoulder and asked "May I cut in?"

 

   Justin could see the real version of the cursed prince sag in relief but the super imposed version just bowed politely and said: "Certainly. Take good care of my baby!" He went to sit at one of the central tables.

 

   Justin and Gus began to dance. "Thank you. I think he needed the break and it won't hurt the curse if someone cuts in."

 

   "You're welcome Gus. There is no one else I would cut in on."

 

   "That's so sweet! Thank you! Who are you? I don't remember seeing you here before."

 

   "And yet you know me all the same."

 

   "What do you mean?"

 

   Justin just smiled. "I bumped into you on the stairway."

 

   Gus' eyes widened. "That was YOU?"

 

   "You heard me break twigs from the branches of the trees."

 

   "That was YOU?"

 

   Justin just smiled. "I sat beside you in your little boat. That is why you went slower tonight."

 

   "That was YOU? Oh, I thought something was amiss tonight! Why were you following us? And how? I saw no-one! Who are you?"

 

   Justin just smiled and kept dancing. "Oh Gus, can you not guess?"

 

   Gus' eyes widened and he grabbed Justin around the waist and danced in a "passionate" embrace. "Britin!!? Is that you?"

 

   Justin hugged him back. "Oh Gus! My wise and wonderful prince! I knew you would recognize me!"

 

   Next to his ear, Gus whispered, "Stay very close. Don't stop dancing whatever you do. Come into the formal quarter where the music will be softer."

 

   So the two princes danced into the formal quarter and soft and elegant music replaced the techno music and the thumpa thumpa beat. Their clothes melted and re-shaped and they were two men dancing a waltz in stunning tuxedoes. Only Gus' shoes remained the same, a pair of soft, golden slippers that seemed to have been made for a woman.

 

   Dancing cheek to cheek, Gus whispered, "I thought...I mean...the Jim Beam....how did you escape?"

 

   "I was warned of your plan. I only pretended to drink tonight. And when you turned to check for that non-existent zit, I dumped it into a plant nearby."

 

   Gus hung on tightly to Britin but his stiff body and awkward embrace belied it was fear and not love in its motive. "But why? Why follow us all this way?"

 

   "One...I don't want my head chopped off. Two...I was curious. Three...I think I need your help Gus. And you need mine."

 

   "My help? What do you mean?"

 

   "Why do you wear women's dancing shoes, Gus?"

 

   Gus looked down at them and giggled, "It's strange, I know. I think my prince prefers them on me. I don't think he's into drag though and neither am I. But my sisters are very...foolish and they only like soft shoes made of satin or cloth. And so they wear out every night. So one night, I thought ahead and ordered a pair from the shoemaker myself. I broke a few twigs and leaves from those trees myself over a few days and told the shoemaker to make me a pair of shoes made entirely with thread made from the gold. But I have so many sisters and they make so many shoes for them all that I think they must have gotten confused and they made a pair of girl's dancing shoes instead. And since they are made out of solid gold, they never wear out, so I've never bothered with another pair. I hide them at daybreak and with the pile of ruined shoes my sisters leave, everyone assumes I have left a pair in there as well. But I don't. I know the difference and so does this place and it recognizes their magic. They will not transform here, so I cannot go to the White Party. But it's OK. I prefer the club scene."

 

   There was a short silence as the two men danced the waltz. Then Gus said softly, "You mustn't follow us anymore Britin. You're in terrible danger here. If my sisters found out, they would tear your eyes out and blind you and if you dance too long here you will be caught in the curse."

 

   "What is this curse, Gus?"

 

   "Strangely enough, the specifics were never told to me but what I gather, the twelve princes have been dancing in this castle every night for 1000 years in bondage. In three days their servitude will be over and they have promised to marry us in the surface world."

 

   "That is where you need my help. I have something to tell you. Is there anywhere we can talk without dancing? I am near worn out."

 

   "Dance me over to one of the central tables. Everyone will think we are just refreshing ourselves. But then we must dance again and we must dance until 3 o clock in the morning."

 

   Britin and Gus carried this out and when they were sitting down and pretending to munch on some grapes and sip wine, Britin leaned in and whispered to Gus what he had seen of the princes while invisible.

 

   "So he doesn't love me? Are all of them the same way?"

 

   "A few of them are in love truly. But not many. And the one dancing with Melanie is a woman with long blonde hair." They had a good giggle over that one.

 

   "The way Melanie acts, I bet she'd prefer that." They snickered even harder over that one. "Bitch!" they murmured in unison.

 

   They looked at each other in surprise. Gus' eyes softened and then unexpectedly filled with tears.

 

   "Gus! What's the matter!?"

 

   "My father ignores me. My sisters bully me. Now I find out my prince doesn't love me. Nobody loves me!"

 

   "I'm sure that's not true."

 

   "You're the only one who's cared to tell me the truth in what seems like my whole life! Oh God! What are we going to do?"

 

   Britin pulled him to his feet and pulled him onto the formal dance floor. They were both so young they could have been at their high school Prom. "We're going to dance," Britin said.

 

   Gus laid his soft cheek on Britin's young but hard pec. "I like this form much better than your daytime one. I wish...I wish you could stay this way all the time."

 

   "So do I, Gus," Justin/Britin said honestly, "So do I!"

 

@@@@@@

 

   The wild dancing went on all around them but from that moment on, Gus and Justin stayed together as if they'd been stuck together with Superglue, swaying to the music in the Prom quarter. Sometimes they waltzed and sometimes they just swayed together, turning in place, letting the rest of the enchanted Ball roll on around them.

 

   Finally, at three o'clock, Gus' musclebound prince cut in and took possession of Gus again and Britin bowed and backed away.

 

   "If fortune smiles upon me, perhaps here again I shall meet thee," said Justin lyrically.

 

   "We both know that can never be," answered Gus.

 

   "Never say never," said Justin. Then he backed away and melted into the crowd.

 

   To allay suspicion, Justin sat invisibly in Melanie's boat on the way back. This time it was the eldest sister's boat that was slower than the others.

 

   "I don't understand," huffed the rowing prince, "I'm rowing as fast as I can. Did you put on some weight?"

 

   Melanie was livid and her face went red as a beet. "You...you....You just shut up and row!" she huffed and refused to say another word.

 

   When they got back, everyone started back in one long row from eldest to youngest. Instead of following behind however, Justin ran ahead past the diamond trees, past the gold trees, past the silver trees, fast as tickety boo.  And just as the princesses and Gus were entering the golden grove Justin was running up the stairs. And just as they were entering the silver forest, Justin reached the top, was watching the secret stair close up again and heading to his own bed. He took off the magic items and lay in bed, waited and played possum.

 

   In what seemed like no time, the secret stair opened up and eleven tired princesses and one tired prince marched up. The princesses dumped their ruined shoes in a pile and Gus hid his under his bed in a box.

 

   Then he was sent to look in on Britin. Of course, he looked like a sleeping angel and an innocent babe who hadn't moved all night.

 

   But Gus knew better. He sat down and smoothed Britin's golden locks and whispered: "That was very dangerous. You must never do that again."

 

   It may have been his imagination, but Gus swore he heard a voice breathe out soft as a dream: "Never say never."

 

@@@@@@

 

   Brian perused the letter:

 

Dear Brian,

 

Thank you for the magical items. They did indeed come in handy. I followed the kids down the stairs into a deep netherworld. There was a marbled walkway lined with trees, first silver, then gold, then diamond. After that...

 

   Brian quickly perused the letter, his eyes widening at the description of the magical Ball. Damn! A night club! Hot guys! Why did he have to be the one transformed at night!? Damn!

 

I have enclosed the twigs of silver, gold and diamond as proof. Display them to the king as ask for two more days extension where all will be revealed and curses broken.

 

Gus feels very unloved and needs a strong male role model. Be nice to him. Attempt to not be a dick while I'm a bird.

 

Oh, and Brian. If any hunky moustachioed Doms invade your dreams again...be sure to tell them your taken.

 

I love you.

 

Justin

 

@@@@@@

 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN A TWO DAY EXTENSION! HOW DARE YOU! I OUGHT TO CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!" yelled the merriest old soul in the world.

 

   "Carl, for God's sake! Will you calm the fuck down! We've waited this long! What's two more days? Just calm down and remember your blood pressure!" yelled Queen Debbie.

 

   Brian/Britin then recounted how he had followed the prince and princesses down a secret stairwell and past an avenue of silver trees, then gold, then diamond. He presented the twigs as proof but claimed he had lost track of them at that point.

 

   "I could try again this evening and follow them further...however...I will need the use of my head," said Britin, bowing low.

 

   He only heard a lot of growling and grunting but no demand for the executioner so Brian took this to mean the affirmative, backed up slowly until his butt hit the door and backed his butt the hell out of there.

 

@@@@@@@

 

   That night, Gus brought Britin his Jim Beam and stood over him with a stony face. "I'm going to watch you drink every drop. No funny business tonight."

 

   Justin took a small sip and said, "Yes Gus." in a submissive tone. "Of course, I might be able to take you a little more seriously if there weren't a large spider in your hair." He let his voice carry.

 

   Several of the princesses let out screams as shrill as a noonday whistle. There was a flurry of activity, Gus was dogpiled as the princesses searched and whacked his head in the search for the non-existent spider. And by the time, Gus was able to free himself and fend off his sisters; Britin's drinking glass was empty.

 

   "Did you drink it? On your honor as a prince, tell me true!" Gus asked when the kafuffle had died down at last.

 

   "Of course, Gus." Justin/Britin faked a yawn.

 

   "Truly? Do not follow us again! Do not do what you are thinking!"

 

   "Really Gus! How do you....mmmmm....sorry...how do you know what I'm thinking?"

 

   "Because I'd be thinking the same..." but before he could finish the thought Britin had collapsed back on the pillow, eyes closed and snoring.

 

   "Gus! Hurry up! Stop wasting time with him! We'll be late again!"

 

   So Gus hurried and cast distrustful looks over at him but Britin just slept on like a babe in the woods.

 

   They descended the stairs. They closed up. And Justin opened his eyes and jumped up from his little bed and hurried after.

 

   "Sorry Gus!" he thought as he pressed the secret switch," but on my honor as a prince...I must follow!"

 

@@@@@@

 

   The trip down was largely uneventful this time. There were no strange noises but once again, Gus' boat was a little heavier and harder to row.

 

   "Um...if you want....tonight...if someone cuts in...you must feel free to rest as long as you want," Gus said.

 

   "To break the spell I must dance unless my partner gives me leave," the prince sounded a trifle robotic tonight.

 

   Gus felt an invisible encouraging squeeze on his arm.

 

   "Well...I give you leave then," Gus confirmed, "And look....Um...I know I must be a handful, so....I just wanted to say...I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I ever made you do anything you didn't really want to do." There was another encouraging pat.

 

   "No my prince. You did nothing. It is my pleasure to dance with you forever," said the cursed prince even more robotically.

 

   Gus patted his knee quickly in a consoling gesture. "It's OK. I understand. And I will give you leave."

 

@@@@@@

 

   When everybody was inside, Justin came invisibly after and put on the silk glove and pearl bracelet. Gorgeous club clothes again appeared and again he strode right up to Gus and his prince and cut in. Justin could see the inner prince was even more relieved and grateful, much like he had been in the boat. He seemed to understand that Gus was not going to use him as a love toy any longer and he had appeared very relieved.

 

   Gus and Britin, danced in the golden club for a while and then moved over to the formal quarter where they were again adorned in mouthwatering tuxes.

 

   "What are you doing here!? I told you not to come!" Gus tickled Britin's ear with a furious whisper.

 

   "I came because you needed me to come. Because I think you are the most special of your siblings and you are destined for greatness. Because I could not bear to think of you down here alone."

 

   "I'm hardly alone," Gus said, indicating the crowd.

 

   "And yet you are...except for your captive prince," Justin pressed.

 

   And suddenly Gus was clinging to him like a life raft. They stayed like that for a long time, just turning, turning on the dance floor.

 

   "Oh God!" he moaned, "I really like this form better than your day self. I wish you could stay like this for always!"

 

   "I do too. And there is something you could do to help me."

 

   "Me? Really? What?"

 

   "When this is all over...I would like you to give me your golden dancing shoes. I need them very much."

 

   "If you need money, my father will give you all you need."

 

   Britin gave Gus an affectionate squeeze. It is not for the gold that I need them. I need them because they are women's shoes and you have danced in them. It's part of the spell....to change me back."

 

   "To change you...to keep you changed...into this, right?"

 

   "Sure. Right....Oh Gus, I should tell you...we can dance down here...but that's as far as it can go...on the surface world...I'm taken."

 

   "Oh...OK. Thanks for telling me. And you can have my shoes. When this is over, I won't need them anymore. You'll be doing me a favor."

 

   Justin was just breathing a sigh of relief when he was squeezed around the middle so hard his breath whooshed out of him.

 

   "You may be taken up there," whispered Gus, "But as long as you keep following me down here.... you're mine!"

 

@@@@@@

 

   The next night Justin transformed back into himself in his little adjacent room. Brian was there and ready. He wore the collar.

 

   "I love you, " he said and pointed at the bed. And then feathers were flying and he was transformed.

 

   Justin let the owl out the window with a sigh and watched him fly away in that magnificent, silent way that they can. Then he closed the shutters and turned to see a folded letter on the bed. He pounced on it.

 

   Much of it was more of the same. The King was grumpy. The Queen was jolly. Brian was very glad to hear they had acquired the next piece of the puzzle. He had taken Gus fishing, letting the Prince think they needed to gather food for the journey when they solved the mystery. So he had let Gus be in charge of finding the fishing hole and Gus had taken him to a secret place teeming with trout, perch and other fish and they had had a great time.

 

   The door to Gus and the princesses' room burst open and they all piled in. Everyone had "retired" for the night. Yeah, right!

 

   Justin hid the letter under his pillow and then just waited. Sure enough, all too soon, Gus toddled over with his glass of Jim Beam.

 

   This time, however, he blocked the glass with his own body and dumped it into the plant himself.

 

   "Here's your nightcap. I want to see you drink it all now," Gus said loudly and a little stilted.

 

   "OK, Gus! Whatever you say," Justin/Britin said, taking the empty glass and making loud gulping noises. He belched loudly.

 

   Most of the princesses looked disgusted but Gus and Britin only giggled together like naughty schoolboys.

 

   "Did you have a good day?" Britin asked.

 

   You should know. You were there," said Gus.

 

   "Oh. Yes, of course. But due to the magic sometimes my memories are a little foggy with the details. Did I treat you all right?"

 

   "Oh yes. We went fishing remember? I took you to my secret fishing hole. But don't tell anyone where it is. It's my secret place."

 

   "I've already forgotten," Britin said honestly. Are you sure my daytime self is cool? Did he...uh...I treat you kindly?"

 

   "Oh yes, kind enough. It's funny, though. I still prefer this you better. Daytime Britin is nice and all but he treats me different. It's more...fatherly, you know?"

 

   "I think I'm getting a picture," Britin said.

 

   "You'd better get sleepy now," Gus whispered.

 

   Britin nodded and yawned loudly. He faked sleepiness, drooped his eyes and then passed right out. He felt Gus catch him before he could fall back and lay him gently down, and smooth his hair away from his face. "Sorry," he whispered.

 

   Then he left before his sisters could bitch at him for not getting ready.

 

   Soon enough, they were. Down through the central rose they all marched, from oldest to youngest, and then it closed back up for them.

 

   As soon as there was silence, Justin sat up, grabbed his gloves and bracelets and strapped on the leather to go invisible. He pressed the rose and followed.

 

   After a slightly faster trip across the lake (Gus had finally taken pity on his prince and helped him row) Justin waited until everyone had gone and then snuck inside the netherworld castle.

 

   Inside, he looked around the golden nightclub but Gus was nowhere to be seen. His prince was there though, dancing with a buxom blond woman.

 

   Justin put on the silk glove and pearl bracelet and took off the leathers and appeared. He looked around the huge room in consternation. Gus could be anywhere.

 

   Then he heard a wolf whistle and he turned and smiled. Gus was in the Prom Quarter waiting for him. His gold shoes clashed horribly with the otherwise mouthwatering tux he was wearing. He stood there on the sidelines, arms behind his back, toes turned out, just waiting.

 

   Justin smiled and walked over and the two of them snapped together like a lock and a key. They strolled around the Prom dance floor like they owned it and for the time being, they did.

 

   "I gave him leave, straight off. I don't want to dance with him anymore. I'm still gay but I don't want to marry him. And he has shown his true colors too," Gus said as they watched his prince with affection, dancing with the woman in the nightclub.

 

   "Who will you marry?" Justin asked.

 

   "Time can only tell," Gus said, "But I only want to dance with one person and if I could have it my way, I would have that person as husband too."

 

   "But you're dancing with me." Justin said.

 

   "Mmm-hmmm," Gus murmured in affirmation.

 

   "You were waiting here...for me...instead of the club," Justin said.

 

   "Mmmm-hmmm." Gus leaned a cheek against his pec.

 

   "Gus, what are you saying?"

 

   "I'm trying not to say much of anything and ruin the moment," Gus said. He looked up at Justin with soft brown eyes that reminded him of someone else he hadn't seen in a long time. Had it only been a couple of weeks or so?

 

   Gus kissed him.

 

   It was just a peck at first and then he moved in and flecked Justin with his tongue and moved deeper, gaining confidence.

 

   And God help him, Justin let him. He was alone here too, he only got to see Brian for seconds at a time and he was lonely and so he opened for the young Prince and kissed back, giving the younger man something to remember. But he never took it beyond a certain point, knowing whatever he was doing was probably too far-gone anyway. But for this second, this moment, he needed this contact and he relished it.

 

   Too soon, and light years later, Justin finally pulled back, "Gus, no! We have to stop! I told you! I'm taken! I'm already in love."

 

   "And I told you," Gus wrapped his arms around Justin in a bear hug that was he was going to need a crowbar to get out of. "Down here, you're mine. You've come to dance with me, of your own free will, and down here....I love you Britin!"

 

   Justin smiled at his little seducer. "I came down here because I saw something good in you, kindness, warmth. You were the only one who felt sorry in what the twelve of you were doing to the ones who wanted to find out the truth. And for that I couldn't leave you alone in these depths. In a way...I love you too, Gus. Just not....that way. Oh, I'm so sorry Gus!" he said to a face cracking into heartbreak. "I'm so sorry! I'm sorry I kissed you like that! I'm sorry I led you on. But I can't love you like that."

 

   "Then why did you!?" Gus said beginning to cry.

 

   "Because I admired you so much. I wanted to share what was down here with you. I have a deep affection for you Gus, I really do. And I needed contact too. I haven't kissed in ages! I haven't seen my lover in what seems like...ages. I'm alone here in this big old castle too. And so I turned to you. Oh, this is a crap excuse I know! I'm so sorry Gus! I'm so sorry!"

 

   "Gus sniffled. "I know why. You needed my golden shoes."

 

   "No Gus no! Absolutely not! I mean, we do, but that's not what why I came down after you. I truly care for you. My lover and I were going to ask for the shoes after this was all over. I just got around to it a little early."

 

   Gus was confused. "If you haven't seen your lover in ages how was he going to be around to ask for my shoes?"

 

   Justin sighed. "Let's sit down. "There's a few things I need to tell you."

 

   After they were seated, Gus crossed his arms and frowned, "OK spill! What do you need to tell me? Tell me the truth!" He pursed his cute lips in cynicism, comically tight.

 

   "First of all, my name isn't Britin. It's a combination of both our names, Brian and Justin. I'm Justin. The man in the day, the brown haired man you took fishing and treated you like a son....something I should have done....that was Brian. He is the one I love. And he loves me."

 

   "But he's here! Why haven't you seen him then? And why make up this weird story?"

 

   "Because there IS magic involved. Just not the kind everybody thinks. I guess Brian made up the story of us being one person so they'd only think there was one challenger and so we'd have an advantage. As it is, if there was just one, he'd have been killed by now wouldn't he, my little nightcap bringer?"

 

   Gus looked sheepish there. "I guess you have a point there. I'm glad you're not dead," His hand pressed Justin into a snuggle and Justin stiffened a little. "It's OK, Gus reassured him, "It's just a comfort hug. I know you don't want me like that."

 

   "It's not that Gus! I care for you very much. Just..."

 

   "Not like that," Gus said, "I know. "I'm young. Not stupid." They both sighed.

 

   "Why haven't you seen Brian?"

 

   And so, Justin told the young prince about the evil spell and what it did to them and what they needed to break it.

 

   "Those are indeed strange things. Well, whatever happens, you can have my shoes."

 

   "Thank you Gus."

 

   "No problem." He got up and held out a hand. "Now....take me once more around the floor before it chimes 3 and all this ends forever?"

 

   Justin got up and agreed. "Nothing I'd rather do more."

 

   They both smiled, held onto each other, and began to dance.

 

TBC

 

 

End Notes:

A/N: One more chappy before I could get rid of this pesky storyline. Sorry about that. Trust me. You won't be sorry!

 

Chapter 5 - One Curse Broken. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

A/N: WARNING!!!: This chapter should not be read while eating popcorn or other choking hazards or drinking hot liquids (coffee) especially near the end. That's all I can say.



Chapter 5


One Curse Broken



   They only made it halfway around when there were three loud, deep bell chimes BONG!! BONG!! BONG!!


   At the first BONG, Justin's protective and fight or flight instincts kicked in. He stiffened, gabbed Gus around the waist in a protective stance and began a steady but unconcerned walk toward the door.


   "Don't look back and keep moving, Justin said in a low, urgent voice, "Whatever's supposed to happen is going to happen. And it isn't good."


   BONG!!!


   "Just get to the door," Justin murmured.


   "What about my sisters!?" Gus cried.


   "I don't know! I - wait! There might be one chance!" Justin delved into his pocket and brought out the whistle that Michael, the Blue Fairy had given him. He held it tightly and prayed quickly: Dear God...and Michael wherever you are...for once...just this once....let all of royal blood and who know the sting of unrequited love hear my note and follow it to safety! Please Michael please!"


   BONGG!!!!


   Justin blew his whistle and it s high, clear note added to the deep timbre of the bell.


   And it worked! Every prince, every princess, looked up, perked up their ears, and abandoned whatever they were doing. They walked toward the sound.


   Justin moved closer to the door and blew again. Everybody followed


   And just in time. As the last bell faded away, the floor rumbled and shook, the center of the room collapsed and the tables fell into a void. Then, out of that void, a huge pillar of flames shot out.


   At the same time, the hundreds of extra people dropped all pretence, exploded, and transformed into beings made of fire! They weren't people at all, but demons, netherworld creature made of the flame and fire in which they dwell!


   All the princesses screamed and ran, and Justin blew his whistle again. He was at the doors. He was through them. He blew again, long and hard. Everyone followed him, avoiding the fire as best they could.


   Justin held onto Gus with a death grip and held the door for the stream of ladies and their now freed princes to flee into vestibule. He did a quick head count, found that they were all there and then turned to look inside.


   It was a nightmare. All four quarters were collapsing and fire was everywhere. The once beautiful bride high above everything else, now had a dress that was continually burning. She had sprouted leathery wings, her ears were pointed and furry and her teeth were as sharp as daggers. She looked like a gargoyle.


   With a piercing bat-like shriek, she took off and flew straight towards our heroes. Justin slammed the inner door with a crash and bolted it. There was a sickening crunch and the door dented outward a little.


   "Everybody RUN!!!!!" he yelled.


   Everyone screamed and ran out of the castle and down to the boats. Justin and Gus and his prince got into their boat and the rest of them piled into their own as well.


   It was none too soon, as the island was breaking, great cracks appearing making loud reports like gunfire. The cracks belched fire and lava and soon it was obvious that the island was liquefying.


   All the princes rowed double time, and Gus was helping his like before but still it was not fast enough.


   The lake began to boil. Soon it was a rolling boil and sitting in those boats was like sitting in a cooking pot.


   Fortunately, the island gave a particular noisy fart and there was an earthquake. This caused a tidal wave and all the boats were able to ride the wave to the opposite shore. All the princes leapt out, grabbed their charge and placed them onshore. It was just in time. A second later, all twelve boats caught on fire and were burned to cinders.


   But the dancing siblings were already hotfooting it down the marbled walkway past the diamond trees. But this part of the dream world had also become a nightmare. The green peaceful sky was now an angry red, filled with clouds of ash. The ground on both sides of the road had become lava pits and fields as well. Only the walkway remained and they ran as fast as they could down it. The diamond trees sank into the lava and broke apart into shards and then were consumed. Everybody was very careful to avoid the broken pieces but some were not able to entirely and sustained a few cuts here and there.


   Then they were past and the gold trees were also melting and sinking straight now into the molten quagmire. The tops of the trees were melted into strange, twisted shapes and you could barely see that they had been trees at all.


   Then they were past that heading through the grove of silver trees and they were as the gold ones were. It was a burning hell and not a fantasy land that they once knew and they ran fast enough to make the devil take notice.


   "It was somewhere at this point, that there was a BOOM!! BOOOM! BOOOOMM!!! It came from far away but sounded as if it were right next to them and they saw that the entire black castle exploded into splinters and was sinking into the ground.


   They all quaked in horror but continued on. Soon they reached the stairs and one by one entered the door that would take them up. Justin made them all pause 3 seconds each, and then let the next one through so there wouldn't be a mash up.


   Soon there was only Gus and Justin left. They looked upon hell and saw that the island far away had sunk away and the great boiling lake was now draining into it. Everything was burning, fire sprites were jumping from tree to ruined tree, and far away they saw a square of the marble walkway explode. Then the next and the next.


   "Go!!!" he yelled to Gus.


   "I don't want to leave you!" cried Gus.


   "I'll be right behind you...I promise! Now GO!!" Justin pushed him through the arch.


   Gus gave an agonized look back and then ran for it.


   Justin waited three seconds, looked a final time on the doomed realm and then ran up the stairs and didn't look back.


@@@@@@


   The eleven princesses' and Gus' bedroom was dark and peaceful and quiet.


   Then, faintly, seemingly from nowhere, came bloodcurdling screams of fear and distress. As they got louder, you could tell it was coming from below. Of course, there was no one there to hear these things but if there were, the listener would have been very puzzled indeed, and then astonished beyond measure at what happened next.


   Fortunately, YOU, know what's going on and so you won't be astonished to learn that in due time the secret staircase opened up and one by one disgorged princess after princess, prince after prince, from oldest to youngest until Gus was crawling up, a stitch in his side.


   "Is that everybody?" Melanie asked.


   "Wait!!..."wheezed Gus, "One more...there's one more! Don't close it yet!"


   "What are you talking about Gus? We're all here....All here....Close it Melanie! Close it!" shouted a confusion of voices.


   "NO! We need to wait for Jus - Britin! He came down to dance with me! He helped us escape! You cannot leave him down there!" Gus yelled.


   "What do you mean, he followed us down!?  Isn't he sleeping over..." A quick check confirmed that Britin was NOT there, sleeping the deep, drugged, dream state of the damned. "Damn you Gus! Didn't you drug him, like you were supposed to? Now he knows everything!"


   "No, I didn't, and I'm glad!! He saved all our lives and besides, he already knew everything! So keep it open for a minute longer!"


   And it was at this point, that the wayward man with the heart of a prince popped out of the stairwell and collapsed on the rug.


   There was a magnificent flash of flame out of the hole. There was a terrific rumble and smashing and crashing as the entire staircase collapsed on itself and fell into the bottomless void! There was another belch of flame.


   Melanie jammed the rose with her closed fist. The rose mural closed back up and the rumblings and heat were at last cut off.


   Then a wonderful thing happened. The rose mural tiles began to turn over and slide and rearrange themselves and add onto each other. It was turning predominately white. It was still changing. It was almost done. It pulsed once with a bright light and was done. Instead of a rose there was now a fantastic tiled mural of a magnificent white swan with its wings outstretched!


   Everyone ohhh'ed and ahhh'ed and made various other noises to show their appreciation.


   "But what does it mean?" Melanie asked.


   "It's a tribute to the one that saved your life...a celebration of the triumph over evil and the breaking of the curse...and a seal to the underworld that you can never return to," said Justin clearly, and then hacked out a smoker's cough.


   "And how do you know that?" Melanie asked rudely.


   "I know it!" Justin said definitively, and otherwise refused to explain himself.


   "Oh, Justin! I'm so glad you're OK!!"Gus shouted and threw his arms around his neck and climbed into his lap where he refused to be dislodged.


   "Gus..."Justin said warningly.


   "Oh, throw me a bone will you!? I'm sure Brian won't begrudge you a little hero worship!" And Justin had to laugh at that and besides the persistent little twink wouldn't move anyway.


   But that was not the end of the wonders. The twelve princes whom they had brought up from the netherworld began to shimmer and ripple as if they were being looked at through water when the water is wavy and agitated. And then with a final wave, their outer appearance melted away and their true forms were revealed. At last, they were free of their bondage.


   Many of them looked much different. A few were similar to their spellbound forms but others were downright different. Some were stubbly and rugged. Many were not as muscular as they were. A few were out and out poindexters, with thick glasses and greasy hair and pocket protectors. As pointed out earlier, Melanie's prince melted away to reveal a princess with long blond hair.


   Ironically, Gus' prince melted into a being that was most like his outer shell. He was rugged and handsome with a cleft in his chin. And free at last, he revealed to Gus that he was straight as an arrow.


   "I guessed that," Gus said, "It's OK. And I'm sorry if I did anything to you while you were enchanted. If they are agreeable, you can choose one of my sisters if you'd like to marry her."


   "I'm sorry that I'm not what I appeared," the blond said to Melanie, "This must come as an awful shock. But I want you to know...I  got to know very well down there and I still love you. My name's Lindsay by the way."


   "Truth be told....I rather prefer this to your masculine form. Besides, I got to know you awfully well as well and I don't care! I love you too Lindsay!" And Melanie moved in and before you knew it the two women were making out like gangbusters!


   Justin and Gus looked at each other and exchanged a look and smothered laughter. They got up from where they sat on the floor.


   "We'll understand if you're disappointed too," said the other princes, "We know we're different than what you wanted. If you don't want to marry us anymore, we'll understand."


   However, the eleven princesses were narrowing their eyes and lining up in front of them and then surrounding them.


   "Ohhhh no you don't! You're not getting out of your deal that easily!! We've danced our feet to the bone to free you and you promised to marry us and marry us you will! GET ‘EM GIRLS!"


   And with that, they pounced. The princes never stood a chance and in a few seconds, they didn't want to. The princesses, pulled at their shirts and then pants. Buttons went flying everywhere. Clothing was ripped to shreds. Pants were pulled down and twelve girls and eleven men with gloriously hard dicks fell to the floor in a mass of mixed up and rolling limbs. The mass of men and women rolled back and forth and around in a wanton display of carnal lust and sex. In ten seconds there was an orgy of such size, passion and intensity going on, that there had never been anything seen like it in 10,000 years and moreover would not be seen in 10,000 years hence.


   Gus and Justin looked on at this scene in wide-eyed horror. Then, Justin just placed himself in front of Gus a little, put a hand on his chest, and pushed gently backward. Step by step, they back up until they were slowly and carefully, backing towards the door and in this fashion they got the hell out of there.


   It wasn't until they were out in the hall and closed the door firmly behind them that they were able to able to breathe a sigh of relief.


   "My God! I've never seen my sisters like that ever! And those poor guys! Some of them looked like captive animals! Are you sure they'll be all right Justin!?"


   Justin smirked. "Oh, trust me Gus! They'll all be JUST fine!!"


TBC


 

End Notes:

A/N: Coming up next....The Pickle!


Chapter 6 - Love Requited. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

 

Sorry! The Pickle chapter is coming! Took one more chapter to get these guys out of this storyline. Back on track and sorry for the false build up. It probably won't be that big of a deal anyway. Working on it now.

 

Disclaimer: This story is fanfic only. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is made off of this and characters are...mostly OOC. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Everybody wins when nobody sues!

 

Chapter 6

Love Requited

Just before daybreak:

Justin blew on the whistle with Brian clear in his mind. Five minutes later, the large, brown owl was landing on his arm, now protected by a falconer's gauntlet, provided by Gus.

"Don't go, Justin!" cried the young prince in anguish. "He clasped Justin around the middle. "I...You're my best friend!" he admitted in a whisper.

"I don't have any choice. You'll see. But I won't really be going anywhere. I'll be the swan that follows Brian around. And with this collar on, I'll understand anything you say to me," he added, putting it on. "And besides, Brian will take care of you."

"I don't want taking care of...I want you...You're the one who went with me, who listened to me, who wanted to dance with me, and who made sure I got out of that terrible place. You treat me like an equal in a way that Brian doesn't. Don't go!"

"Now stop it! I told you, I can't help that. You'll see in a minute. And I'll tell you another thing. If it was Brian who was human at night, instead of me, he would have done exactly the same thing, and helped you exactly the same! So cut him a break, OK?"

"OK," Gus said sadly.

"It's almost time. Be sure to give Brian this letter, OK? It will help him with your father a little later. Promise me you'll help him OK?"

"OK. I promise."

"Our time here is limited. We must keep going. If the time comes and we have to leave sometime today, there may not be time to say good bye properly. But when that comes, you must promise to be brave for me and let me go. Promise now!"

"I promise!"

"Good boy. Just in time! Here comes the sun!"

The owl became a flurry of feathers and there was Brian back. And Justin was there and ready. He reached quickly and clasped Brian's hand.

"Gus knows the truth. I love you."

And then the white feathers were flying, covering him, and a swan with a leather collar was strutting about on the grass.

Gus' eyes were wide. He probably wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it and he knew no one else would either.

"Hey there kiddo, how was your night?"

"It was pretty awful," Gus said honestly. "Oh...here. Justin gave me this letter for you." He handed it over.

The swan seemed to understand. It nodded once, gave a loud HONK!!...and flew off.

@@@@@@BJGR

 

Brian perused the letter for a long time, taking in the detailed account of Justin's last trip and the destruction of the curse and netherworld. Then his eyes widened.

 

P.S. Gus and I kissed last night. The atmosphere was very romantic and we were both alone in a crowd. And after 3 days of me following him down there, he developed a little crush on me. Other than that, I don't really have any good excuse. But that's as far as it went and I'm pretty sure it was the boy's first kiss so don't ruin it. It's just a little crush and if you have to be mad at someone, be mad at me. Just know that for my part, I'm sorry and I still love you. I am still...

Ever Yours,

Justin

 

Brian turned with a thunderous look on his face.

"SO! You're makin' time with my guy!?" he meant to say it in jest but by the end of the question he was yelling. Rage he didn't know was there bubbled to the surface.

Gus gulped. "Ohhh....he told you about that huh?" He breathed in very slowly and chanced a look up and quailed under Brian's deadly evil eye. He breathed out a long breath and murmured, "Ohhh....crap...." under it.

"All right," he said, finally trying to explain, "He took a step back. "Let me try and explain. You see, it was very late. I'd had a bit to drink. We both did really. The thing about it was..." He bolted.

Gus just ran and ran and then ran some more all without seeing much. He realized this was because he had his eyes closed tight. And no matter how far he ran he could never escape Brian's booming laughter in his ears.

His eyes popped open. Oh no! Brian was right behind him! He ran so fast his feet didn't feel the ground.

Wait a minute. He really couldn't feel the ground. He looked down. His feet were pinwheeling a few inches off the ground. He realized Brian had caught him by the nape of the neck as he tried to run. He hadn't gone two feet.

Gus let his legs dangle and his whole body sagged in defeat. "Oh crap!" he repeated mournfully.

Brian put him down. "You can say that again. Now...You wanna try that again...without the running away and tell me exactly what happened?"

"Nothing! Nothing, I swear! Oh, Brian, I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were lovers until after. I thought you were the same person. And he was so kind to me and he came after me to keep me company, to dance with me, like a real Prince! It was like something out of a fairy tale and a dream. I fell in love with him a little and I still am in a way. So I kissed him. But he pulled away almost right away and wouldn't take it any further, I swear! That's when he told me the truth; that you were two different people and lovers. After that, we were just friends, I swear, nothing else happened!"

"A likely story!" Brian bared his teeth.

"You daren't strike me! I'm the Prince!" whimpered Gus piteously.

"Funny thing! I had a dog named Prince once! And that's all you are now! A dog!" He dropped Gus roughly. "I'm not going to strike you! There are other ways to deal with the likes of you! Don't talk to me! Don't look at me! And don't bother saying goodbye when Justin and I leave!"

"Brian no! Do not do this thing! I did wrong, I know. But I truly loved and love him. And I thought he was you! So...in a way...I love you too! Do not punish me for loving you guys!"

Brian turned sharply and looked at him strangely for long moments. Then he turned on his heel and stalked away across the dewy grass.

Gus sat there under his favorite oak tree and watched him go. His eyes filled with tears and he cried and cried.

@@@@@@@BJGR

After what seemed like ages, Gus got up and started walking. He washed his face in a babbling brook and passed over it and found himself in the fruit orchards. He wandered around aimlessly, picking a fruit from this tree and then one from that until he had a nice breakfast. Then he sat under a random apple tree and ate, chewing morosely.

"Oh God! What have I done? I wish there was something I could do to make up for what I've done! I didn't know! And when I did I was sorry! Oh why did Justin have to tell? No, of course he did. But who knew Brian would get so angry? Oh I wish there was something I could do. I love him! I love them both! I love them still! Is there nothing I can do?' I wish...I wish...I wish...." His lamentation became a whispered prayer, a quiet hope.

"I know what you can do," said a small voice.

Gus' eyes popped open. Then they widened at the apparition standing before him.

It was a little boy, dressed all in orange. His shoes were black. His hair was brown and soft and his chocolate brown eyes were innocent and soft as a puppy. An ethereal, orange light was emanating off of him in waves. They would burn hot like large flickering flames at then die down to a small pulsation and then burn hot again. He looked about 5 years old.

"You look like me," Gus said.

The little boy smiled. "And you look like me. Sorta."

"Who are you?"

"I am you, if you were born of another father. I am the fairy whose light burns with the light of puppy love. My light burns hot and fast but dulls down to almost nothing very quickly, as you well know. And because you have known my love I can appear to you now. But like my light, my power is weak and my time is short."

"Then what can you do for me?" Gus asked bitterly.

"Practically nothing. I can answer only one question, the one that burns most within your breast, right now."

"What can I do to make up for what I've done?"

The fairy smiled and it was so sweet it broke Gus' heart all over again. "You must run back to the castle right now. You must testify in Brian's behalf. Not having experienced it firsthand, he is having trouble describing last night's events and your sisters are giving him no help. They have given themselves over to their wickedness and their desire for lustful pleasure and to be married. They will refuse to agree with his story and will later today run away with their princes to be married and never return here again. By then, Brian will already be dead. In fact, you will need to run to prevent this from happening. Hurry now Gus, run! I cannot say whether this will repair your relationship with Brian and Justin but it is the best you can do. It is the only thing you can do! Go now! Hurry!" The fairy started to fade away.

"I will...thank you, little fairy! Thank you!" he was calling over his shoulder, already starting the run.

"Hurry..." the last word became a breath upon the wind as the fairy of puppy love faded entirely away and his light burnt out.

@@@@@@BJGR

"And then what happened?" King Carl asked sarcastically.

"Um...well, there was a bride performing on a high stage. But she turned into a gargoyle and rushed us. I slammed the door in her face though, but she almost chewed our faces off."

"Chewed you faces off. Riiiiiight...!" Carl said even more sarcastically.

"Yes! After we got away, we rowed back across the lake which was a boiling tempest and barely escaped with our lives!"

OK, so he was embellishing a little, taking artistic license, but he'd only had a little while to study Justin's letter and account of what happened last night and he was trying to make it fit in his own words.

"Uh...girls!? You wanna back me up here?" Brian asked/demanded.

"Daddy..." Melanie batted her eyelashes, "We have no idea what he's talking about! A netherworld? A strange nightclub? Dancing with...boys!!?" She didn't have to fake a shudder. "Well, that's why we asleep in that one big bedroom, isn't it father? We're too young for boys! We think they're icky! Don't we girls?" All the others nodded sycophantically.

"Too young!?" roared Brian, "You're thirty-five years old! The youngest of you is twenty one! You're as much into cock as I AM!!"

"SILENCE!" yelled King Carl, "If my baby wabies say they are too young, then they're too young!"

A few of the princesses flinched as they did every time their father used that nickname. But they knew what side their bread was buttered on and so kept silent.

But Brian knew of no bread or butter yet and so laughed heartily. "Are you fucking shitting me?! Is that why you had that dorm style bedroom? To retain their youth? And maybe your own? Well, I hate to break it to you....Your Majesty...but you're old enough to be a grandpa! And your daughters are more than ready and willing to make you one!"

"HOW DARE YOU!?" King Carl's face turned red with rage, "HOW DARE YOU COME HERE WITH THESE INSULTS...AND THESE LIES!!?" He bared his teeth in angry revenge.

"What lies?" Brian shot back, "It's about time someone spoke up and told you the truth! Besides, what about the silver, gold and diamond twigs I showed...and gave you? Those prove at least that I was somewhere supernatural!"

"What twigs?" Carl asked in this horribly false voice, and that's when Brian realized he was totally fucked. And not in the good, life-affirming way.

@@@@@@BJGR

Brian was grabbed by guards, clapped in irons, which Brian still thought was totally hot but was made totally not hot when they put them on cruelly tight and led him out into the from courtyard to a large and ugly chopping block.

"OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!" screamed the red king from the balcony.

"Carl, calm down, for fuck's sake," yelled the queen, "Remember your heart!"

"Thanks for reminding me, dear!" Carl said ferally, "You! Guard! Afterward...cut out his heart! I want it cooked and served on my plate for lunchtime!"

"Dude!" Brian blanched, "I know you're having a serious "I'm a nut" moment...but that is just gross!!"
Carl just made a signal.

Brian's wrists and head were moved into position and locked into the bloodstained stocks. The executioner pedaled the whetstone and sharpened the huge, two-handed axe.

Drums began to play. The executioner pulled on his mask. Sloooowwly he turned. He grasped the handle of his axe. He lifted it...he raised it over his head....he aimed...

"STOOOOOOPP! STOP! Stop in the name of the Prince!!!" screamed a voice. It was Gus, running into the courtyard at top speed.

The executioner held the axe high for a few moments, unsure what to do. His big arms began to tremble with the huge weight He looked to the king, to Gus, back to the king.

"STRIKE!" screamed the king.

"STOP!!" yelled the prince, "Axeman!!! Don't you dare! Father, stop this immediately! Everything he says is the truth!"

The axeman lowered the axe simply because he couldn't hold it up anymore and he was incredibly curious. Besides, prince or not, depending on what was said next, he might have two heads to chop off. The axeman licked his lips in morbid anticipation.

"Stand aside, Gus! This goes way beyond whatever is the truth and the challenge! It's a matter of honor! This man insulted our entire family!"

"Oh really!? What did he say?"

"He said that I was old enough to be a grandpa and that our bibbity bobbitty baby wabies were old enough to be running around having sex and making babies!"

Gus pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes in more of a gesture than having an actual headache. He loved his father but sometimes...

The entire court waited breathlessly for Gus to speak. They knew his next words could be his last.

"OK. First of all....let him go out of those stocks....NOW!!" his voice carried with it a not so quiet authority and the axeman hastened to obey.

When Brian was clear of the stocks, Gus continued, "Father....this....this dysfunction....must stop. These ridiculous cutesy nicknames must stop. Take off these rose colored glasses you have on and look at us, really look at us. We're grown up, Father. I'm 18. Clarissa (the next oldest) is 21. All the way up to Melanie who is thirty five! And as for having babies and sex, well, that's true too. Every one of them is planning to elope...tonight!"

"What? No! That can't be! They're just little girls!" Carl gibbered in his madness.

"FATHER!!! STOP IT!!! LOOK AT US!!! LOOOK!!!" The last work echoed and re-echoed around the courtyard.

Brian was still mad as hell at the little pup but he couldn't help feeling a grudging respect for the prince too. He'd really saved his bacon and he was asserting an authority they both weren't sure was entirely his. That took a set of balls that dropped all the way down to the floor.

"No....no...!!" whimpered Carl.

Father! Look! Look at me!" yelled Gus again. Carl looked. "Now look at them! Really look! Childhood is past us! We're adults and we're ready to choose mates and husbands. And speaking of which, that is what we have been doing for these long two years. We HAVE been going down into a nether chamber for the last two years in order to free 12 princes from an evil curse! That's why our dancing shoes were worn out every night. We had to dance with them in a castle deep within a cavern, in the middle of a vast lake."

"I'm sure Brian here was telling you how he rescued us last night. He sensed the destruction and led us all, me, your daughters and all 12 cursed princes to safety. The curse is over. The castle exploded, destroying the monsters within. The netherworld descended into lava and was destroyed. The diamond, golden, and silver trees were destroyed and melted. And the handsome princes were transformed back into their regular selves and they and your daughters plan to elope tonight."

"Where are these princes?" asked King Carl scornfully. He was still not 100% onboard with all this.

Gus sighed and rolled his eyes. They're probably still in our room, waiting for tonight when they can escape."

"GUARDS!!" yelled Carl, "Go check it out! Bring down whoever you find there!"

The princesses squirmed a little and gave small looks of fear and consternation. But there was no way to get away and warn their lovers.

As they waited, Gus gave a more detailed, colorful account of their getaway. He described everything to them, much the way I've described it to you. There was no question that he was telling the truth. He answered any and all question posed to him.

And of course, the 11 princes and Lindsay were brought down. Faced with the overwhelming evidence, the 11 princesses broke down and confessed. Brian was released and given his thousand guilders and moreover, Gus insisted that he be given the twigs from the netherworld as well. With all these riches, Brian and Justin would have no concern of money for the rest of their travels.

 

A little while later...

"Here you go, as promised. Golden shoes...made for a woman, worn by a man. I wish you all the best of luck in the rest of your quest, Brian," Gus said humbly as he handed them over. They were in the throne room.

Courtiers gathered together in their own cliques, gossiping behind their fans and kerchiefs. The king and queen were on their thrones but in an unofficial capacity. The king had taken a calming Chill Pill but the way things were going, he was going to have to start popping them like candy. They were busy talking with the wedding planners who were planning a wedding x 11, for all the princesses in one go. The 12th prince, Gus' partner had been given a clean change of clothes, a modest sum of money and had struck out into the world to seek his fortune an hour ago. And so, Brian and Gus were pretty much left up to their own devices.

"Thank you. And thanks from Justin as well. He'd kill me if I went and didn't thank you for him."

"You're welcome," Gus said.

There was a pause. Gus wanted to say a hundred things but none of them seemed good enough.

"Well, I'd probably better go settle up with the stables. I need that cow looked after."

"Oh you don't have to do that! I'll pay for her keep for as long as you need. I'll take care of it."

"Oh. OK then. Thanks again."

"You're welcome."

"'Kay. Well, bye then." Brian turned to go.

"Brian, I..."

"NO!" Brian turned on him forcefully, "No! This changes nothing! You can't apologize and you can't buy your way out of this! Nothing's changed between us!"

"Everything OK, son?" called over Carl, in an ‘I'm-pretty-busy-but-I-could-intervene' type of voice.

"Everything's fine, Dad!" Gus yelled back, "Brian....just...just lower your voice, OK?"

Brian glanced around and gave any looky loos a filthy look back that made them mind their own business in a damn hurry. "Fine!" he said back in a stage whisper, "This changes nothing! You can't buy your way out of this, rich boy!"

"That's not what I was trying to do," Gus said, "As for apologizing, I already have. I do again, and you cannot stop that. And it's all I can do. I wish I could go back and change it. But I can't. I made a mistake. Brian, I'm so grateful to you, to both of you for your help. I'm probably the only one here who is. Don't go away like this. Don't leave with only anger in your heart."

"And what am I supposed to do?" sneered Brian, "Kiss and make up?"

Gus slumped. "I don't know. All I know is that I love you...both of you still. I just wish I knew what I was supposed to do."

"You have done all you can. You have apologized. And you have told him that you yet still love him...in spite of his abuse. The ball is in his court but I don't think he will throw it. You cannot plant roses among the thistles."

The entire court gasped as a man dressed in blue with short, dark hair and a dull, pulsating, blue glow stepped out of nowhere to stand beside Gus.

"You! You're Michael, aren't you?" gasped Brian. "You're the one that helped Justin, aren't you?"

"I am," said Michael.

"Thank you. And Justin would thank you too, if he could."

"I know it. He would also, has also forgiven this young man for his transgression. Cannot you, who is loved by all who know you, love back?"

"It's...it's complicated. Look, why are you here? Can you give us any more help?"

"I can do nothing for you. I have come here on his behalf." Michael laid a gentle hand on Gus' shoulder. "He is the one who suffers from unrequited love and the one who cried out for my help."

"You're here for me? Really?" Gus turned in wonder and hugged the fairy around the waist and laid his head on his chest. "Oh, thank-you!"

The entire court watched spellbound.

Michael stroked his hair gently. "You're welcome, little prince! But in truth, you help me too. You're hapless love feeds me, strengthens my power and in so doing, allows me to help you. And your doomed love....is delicious!" Michael sniffed and suddenly there was a blue smoke coming off Gus and Michael sniffed it up most greedily.

"Hey! Stop that!" Brian yelled.

"Why? It hurts him not. And why should you care how I replenish myself?" asked Michael.

"I don't...I guess. It just looked...as if you were sucking at his life-force...or something," Brian answered sheepishly.

"His life-force....an interesting concept. I suppose I am taking what you could call...his love-force....but there is an endless supply and he will not be harmed." He continued sucking at Gus for about a minute and his own blue glow, grew deeper, brighter but still pulsated in a hopeless, dull kind of way.

"Ahhhh, now things are clear!" Michael said, in the way people do after a refreshing nap or a good meal. "You must find your own prince, one who you can rescue, one who will love you back, as you already deserve." He gave Brian a dirty look of his own and it gave Brian the sensation of a thousand spiders crawling all over him for 3 seconds. Brian shuddered.

"I thought I had done that. I spent two long years waiting for him and it turned out it was all a trick. He didn't love me either."

"No. He was not the one. There is another. Deep within the Wild Western Woods there was a castle. It was obliterated by magic and now only a single tower remains. The entrance was bricked up and there is no way in or out. At the top of that tower, you shall find your prize."

"But if there is no way in or out, how am I to get up there?"

"That you must discover for yourself. If you are brave and resourceful, you will find a way."

"Can you help me find it? The Western Woods are vast."

Michael took a long sniff and shuddered in pleasure. "I can now. This horse knows the way. Sit on his back and he will take you there."

As he was speaking, a great, black, brute of a horse appeared in the middle of the throne room. Courtiers screamed and rushed out of the way. Some unfortunate ones were displaced and thrown out of the way, several feet to either side. The horse reared and screamed a whinny, which broke two stained glass windows. He snorted and breathed flame out his nostrils and set a door handle on fire. Then he trotted over to a priceless tapestry and began to chew on the fringe. He had a huge, sweeping tail that he lifted delicately and dropped out two horse patties. They smelled like orange blossoms.

The patties can also be used for fuel," said Michael proudly.

"I don't care if you can spin them into gold! Get them out of here! And get him out of here! He can stand in the front courtyard until you are ready to leave!" the king raged and his wife popped in another Chill Pill.

The horse was removed, things cleaned up and an emergency team put out the fire.

"But I don't want to leave! I don't want to leave my family!" said Gus.

"What family?" asked King Carl, "The whole lot of you were going to elope anyway tonight and many of your sisters are going to leave anyway after they're married! You're the one who said you are ready to go choose your mate and/or husband. So go choose! Besides, truth be told, your mother and I are looking forward to a little empty nest time!"

"God, dad! Ewwww! Gross!"

Michael smiled and looked down at the young prince fondly. "I guess that settles that. Good luck, Gus. You will know the one when you find him who uses pickles for pleasure."

Brian started. "Did you say pickles?"

"I did." Michael answered Brian but he had eyes for only Gus. "Good bye Gus!" Michael enfolded Gus into a big bear hug and Gus had never felt such a sense of warmth or security in his life. He hugged back and Michael's power seemed to become his own and he was hugging and hugging and his arms came closer and closer to himself as Michael became more and more indistinct and then he was gone. Gus was left standing there, hugging himself and he realized Brian didn't matter or that pretend prince or even the one he was going to rescue, although he would rescue him. And although he had helped him, he realized Michael could not help him any longer because of a very simple fact.

He loved himself.

TBC

Chapter 7 - Flight of the Arrow. by Britin4ever71

Chapter 7


Flight of the Arrow



   After Gus came back to himself, he had a confident air and a sexy glow about him that hadn't been there before.


   He bowed to his mother and father and formally took leave of them. Then he strode out of the throne room without a backward glance and summoned his valet. He commanded him to pack a bundle for him with the idea in mind that he might not be back for a good long while.


The valet snapped his heels in understanding and hastened away to obey.


   "Uhhh....Gus?"


   "Hmmm? Oh, hey Brian. Are you still here?"


   "Yeah Gus. I'm still here. Look Gus, I...I have to...I mean I...geez, this is awkward..."


   "Look Brian, I'm over this. I have to....well you were there, you know what I have to do.  And I'm going to do it. I'm leaving in an hour so if there's something you want to get out, now's the time.  But Michael's right. I've apologized, tried to make amends and that's all I can do. I'll still make sure your cow's looked after. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it or let you..."


   "Michael was right," Brian said quietly, "I was abusing you. And for that, I'm sorry."


   That shut Gus up. He waited.


   "I still don't understand what happened. Both with you and Justin and with myself. I didn't realize I was so angry until it was too late. But I shouldn't have berated you like that or been so unforgiving."


   "OK..." Gus said and waited for the other shoe to drop.


   And drop it did. "Well, look Gus...as I said this is awkward. But I'll eat as much crow as I have to...Because the thing is....I think I have to come with you."


   Gus narrowed his eyes. "Ohhh I see! So that pretty speech...that apology...was just eating crow huh? Did you even mean that apology? And why would you need to come with me?"


   "Yes, I meant the apology! And I only meant I'd do whatever I could to make things right. But right now I don't know what that is! But I did mean it!"


   "OK. So you meant it. So what?"


   "So I think you and I are looking for the same guy."


   "Oh?? Now who should be jealous here?"


   "It's nothing like that. It was when Michael mentioned pickles.  One of the next ingredients we need is a pickle not used for eating. I think your guy is the one we need to find."


   I see." Gus fidgeted uneasily. "So....what are we going to do?"


   "Well look...you apologized to me and I just apologized to you. Why don't we just shake on it and call it a truce?"


   "Because this isn't just about apologies and forgiveness! A minute ago you were ready to tear me a new asshole! There was only resentment in your heart and then Michael came and changed everything. Now you've changed your tune but the song is still the same, Brian! What about when we're on the road and alone? Are you still going to be so forgiving two days down the road? What about three?" Gus gasped. "Brian....what about tonight?"


   And Brian's eyes widened as he realized it would be as quickly as that when he would transform and Justin would be back and it would be he and Gus traveling alone together all night while he was off hunting rabbits and rats.


   He slumped a little against the castle wall and groaned softly, "Ohhh...I don't know!"


   Gus rolled his eyes. "Oh for...this is ridiculous! And completely unnecessary! This must be resolved...NOW! Brian, you have nothing to be jealous over! Down there in the caves, there was a moment...a moment that I let myself feel...something I shouldn't have. But I didn't have all the information. And once Justin set me straight, he became my friend, my mentor, my hero...and my brother. And that's how I love him now. And how he loves me too. Oh, Brian, do not begrudge me that! Oh God! I have wanted a brother for my entire life!"


   Brian had to smile a little at that. If it was anyone who needed a brother, it was a boy with 11 sisters!


   "I guess I can understand that," Brian said. "But what about at night around a campfire glowing and I'm off flying around, helpless to stop..."


   "Brian! There is nothing to stop! I keep telling you and telling you...Look Brian, you said before we should kiss and make up right? Well, down there in the caverns, I thought it was you there too! So technically, half that kiss was yours!"


   Brian frowned in confusion. "Meaning what, Gus?"


   "Meaning this, you stubborn fool!" And darned if Gus didn't grab him by the lapels, yank him down to his level, and kiss him hard!


   Brian tried to pull away but Gus was 18 years strong and he merely cupped a hand around Brian's neck to hold him in place and kept going. The kiss itself was hard, proprietary and closed mouthed but it lasted long enough to settle things. There was a decided smacking sound as Gus finally pulled away and ended it.


   "There! You're even! Now, you're free to tell Justin and you can both be jealous together or....you can realize I love you both the same and....not be. Whatever the case, get your shit together and meet me in the courtyard if you are coming with me. I leave in thirty minutes with or without you!"


   And with that, he strode away to his room to oversee his valet and gather his personal treasures that were a sure bet his man would overlook.


   Brian was left staring after him, his eyes wide and (although he'd never admit it to save his life) his lips tingling.


@@@@@@@


   Thirty minutes later, Gus strode out of the castle and smiled. In the courtyard, by the huge, black, supernatural horse, Brian was waiting, basket in hand, and a bag of supplies over his shoulder, and in short, all shit gotten together.


   "Are you ready then? Really ready?" asked Gus.


   "Yes Gus. I'm sorry."


   "That's all right. Let's just get this party started! Oh, and you better call Justin! I brought this for him...for both of you to ride in, if he doesn't stop. Gus presented a large and deep basket that would fasten onto a snapped fastener on the huge saddle. The saddle itself came with the horse and was so big; four men could have ridden on it with ease. And this can tell you how supernaturally big this monster of a horse was!


   Gus and Brian packed their bags onto the horse, like saddlebags and climbed aboard. The horse was fine when Gus climbed on but when Brian climbed aboard the horse gave a decidedly affronted snort and then turned his head so that one red eye was trained on Brian. He gave a dangerous whinny and snort of flame that was easily translated as: "What the FUCK!?"


   Gus petted his soft mane and soothed the horse. "It's OK. He's with me. Oh and a swan will be riding with us in the basket. At night it will be an owl and a blond man instead of this fellow. I'll introduce you to him. It'll be all right. You'll love him."


   The horse snorted and nodded to say he understood. The resulting flame rolled across the yard and lit the stocks on fire. He looked at Brian square with that one red eye and narrowed it. "I'm watching you!" it said. Brian gulped.


   The horse leapt forward and they were off. Gus grabbed the saddlehorn and the reins desperately and Brian grabbed onto Gus desperately. They both gripped with their knees very hard and they both thanked any and all gods they were fags at that moment; they both had very strong thigh muscles.


   Brian blew on the whistle and didn't let up until he saw a patch of white coming toward them. And by the time he did they were on the road.


   The horse had crossed the courtyard in two jumps and was out the huge doors in a trice. Gus could tell he wanted to really let loose, to gallop at his highest speed, which would have been a very high speed indeed. Gus was pulling the reins, whispering in his ear and the horse had decided to humor him and keep his pace at a medium trot. Of course, this translated into a high gallop of a normal horse.


   Brian blew again so that Justin could get his bearings. Justin was flying after them at top speed and still it was like a person running to catch a train.


   "Slow down...slow down..." whispered Gus, "Once we get Justin...the swan squared away, we'll go as fast as you want. Faster. Just...a little slower now!"


   The horse slowed to a light canter that was actually a fast trot.


   Justin flew and flew and finally began to catch up.


   "Hurry Justin, hurry!" yelled the two boys.


   "HOOONNNK!!" came a very pissed off honk that was easily translated into: ‘I'm hurrying assholes!"


   Finally, Justin was flying abreast of them and then a little ahead. But he was flapping hard and Brian knew he couldn't keep that up for long. He reached out and made a grab and found himself with an armful of feathery, fluffy, flapping, frustrated, and otherwise baffled, bedeviled and beleaguered blond boy...uh...swan.


   "HONK! HONK! HONK! HONK!" cried Justin, flapping madly, trying to adjust to the air current. Brian tried his desperate best not to let go, despite Justin flapping his large wings in his face.


   Somehow....later all three of them couldn't figure out exactly what happened...but somehow at last they managed to get Justin ensconced in his basket. He was fretful at first but soon settled in and then looked up at Brian as if to say: What the HELL is going on here?!!


"It'll take a while to explain," Brian yelled, "But let's just say, I owe you a loooong letter!"


   And then there wasn't time to get anything else out because they were off! As soon as the horse saw that Justin was safe, he let out a great whinny, pawed the air and took off and this time nothing could or would stop him.


   It was like being an arrow shot from a crossbow. The countryside flashed by in a blur and still he seemed to go faster and faster. And it was at this point that Gus decided to call this amazing animal, Arrow.


   They became aware of a wet sucking noise. From out of the horse's sides its fur was changing, and then a whole section of it detached. Then there was another wet, sucking, popping noise and another section attached to the first...SCCHHHHTOCKK!! That detached and unfolded and it wasn't fur but wet feathers! However, Arrow, spread them wide and his speed and the wind made short work of them and they were dry in a few moments. And next moment after that, Arrow gave them a hard flap and then another and then they were airborne!


   Gus and Brian gasped in surprise and excitement and instinctively Brian tightened his grip around the young prince's waist. Both of them were overcome with the joy of the moment. Of course, Brian knew what it was like to fly but that was as an animal and under his own power. It was another experience altogether to be atop a vehicle, a steed heading for parts unknown, with the wind in your face and your cares flying away behind you and then falling to be dashed to pieces on the earth below.


   Best of all, the ride smoothed out altogether and it became much more enjoyable. Arrow flew higher and higher, glided, turned a few times and then straightened out and zoomed away, knowing exactly where he was going.


   The entire world spread out before them like a magic carpet. Fields and forests, towns and roads, swamps and mountains, all had lost their power over them and they flew over them all. Once, in the far distance, Brian saw a thin, crooked spire, jutting up into the sky, taller than them, taller than anything, reaching all the way up into the clouds. It looked suspiciously like a beanstalk.


   However, Arrow cared nothing for that and turned westward; his wings beat out a strong and steady rhythm that carried them swiftly on toward their destination that only he knew.


   A few hours later, they came to the start of the Wild Western Woods and to say it was vast was an understatement. The forest started suddenly, a line of green trees that stopped every field, every meadow, every road, and every town dead in its tracks and then continued on like a green carpet as far as the eye could see. Arrow flew over the carpet and soon the carpet became a green sea, a vast wilderness as far as the eye could see in every direction.


   The Wild Western Woods was a wonderful place, an enchanted place, and a dangerous place. It was wonderful because it was largely unspoiled, overgrown and given over to the creatures that lived there. There were the occasional self-sustaining village here and there but otherwise it was given over to the thick and fast growing wilderness. Much game, foxes, rabbits, deer, bears, stags, reindeer, moose, squirrels, wolves, beavers, raccoons, badgers, and many other woodland animals roamed and lived within the vast forest. The sparkling clear lakes that dotted the Woods were full of fish and water fowl that lived among the bulrushes. The clearings and meadows were full of long wild grasses and brightly colorful wildflowers.


   It was an enchanted place because many spells and enchantments, both recent and terribly old, held their power over many sections of the forest, both small and large. You never knew which step would turn you to stone or wood, trap you in an endless time loop, change you into an animal, turn you 60 years older or worse yet, 60 years younger, which meant if you were under 60 years old you would blink out of existence. Witches of all ilk lived in hermitage, far apart but in many parts of this huge forest and anyone of them would not hesitate to turn you into a frog or salamander or spider or a rat, or take you prisoner to eat you or something else far more unpleasant, if you were unlucky enough to cross their path and get on their bad side.


   It was a dangerous place because of said witches and enchantments and just because it never ended. Getting lost and then falling into a trap was easier than blowing out a candle. Moreover, the woods were dangerous at night. Certain spots were ruined and wasted away. Giant spiders, werewolves, snakes, evil satyrs with the mange, chimeras, and many other horrible creatures also called the Western Woods home. There were trolls who in spite of their large and ugly ears were practically deaf because of all the disgusting mucus-ey, waxy build up in them. They were blowhards and bullies and set up home under the bridges that spanned the gullies and forest streams and preyed on anyone who tried to cross them with stupid riddles. However, if you used your noodle for something else than a hat rack, you could easily figure them out.  Carnivorous plants, and sentient vines that would crush you just for the hell of it, grew everywhere. And so, for these reasons, it was a feared place as well as wonderful.


   However, Arrow knew of none of these things and cared even less. He flew over it all, hill and dale, stone and wood, villages and waste, witches and beasts. All day he flew, toward the afternoon sun that grew lower and lower and more and more into the men's eyes. At last, at about 2 hrs before sunset, Arrow veered off to the right a little and dropped down toward a small lake in the middle of nowhere. He landed on the shore as graceful as a dove. He stood there, waiting until they dismounted. Justin jumped out and flew into the lake, skimmed it, and then flew in high circles around the lake for a little while exercising out his cramped muscles. Gus and Brian did the same, walking around the shore a bit.


   As for Arrow, there was another wet, sucking noise as his wings folded in and disappeared against his body. He lifted his tail gracefully into the air and dropped out four large patties that smelled of strawberries, orange blossoms, peppermint and beer, respectively. Then he trotted down to the lake and walked part way in and drank for a good long while. Then he made his way over to a grassy area and started eating and pretty much ignored the other three from then on.


   When Brian and Gus felt a little more like themselves, Gus ran over to Arrow and pulled out a couple of crude fishing rods and Brian made a circle of stones and used a piece of deadwood to scoop the poop and put them in the center. (He wasn't touching them no matter how good they smelled!) Then he added the wood and a few other small pieces of wood from around the edge of the forest. By unspoken agreement, none of them ventured any deeper into the forest.


   When Brian was done, he joined Gus who was waiting for him shyly with the other pole.


   "It was only yesterday but it seems so much longer when you took me fishing," Gus said, as shyly as he looked. "Much has happened but it cannot excuse my behavior. I ask again, can you find it within yourself to forgive me? Can we find some common ground so that you can take me fishing, once again?"


   And Brian looked into Gus' eyes and saw that he was contrite and truly repentant. He took a long shuddering sigh and took the second rod and then gathered the younger man into his arms. Gus rested his head on his chest and Brian rested his chin on the top of Gus' head. They both stood there for long minutes and Brian felt a surge of...something....protectiveness, affection, and...something else he could not identify. It was not bad but he wasn't sure it was entirely good either.


   "Oh God, this is so fucked up! But we are here, both alone and far from home. Both separated from partners who are held at bay with magic. If that's not enough common ground for right now, I don't know what is. And yet, it's still a little worse for you since you have to deal with the two of us!"


   "It'll be better now since I know the truth," said Gus, "And besides...I only have to deal with one of you at a time," he observed with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.


   Brian spun him around and gave his butt a playful swat. "Twat! Let's go fishing! As for what's past, let's leave it exactly there. In the past. Your mistake was made because of our trick and you're sorry and I'm sorry because I shouldn't have gotten so angry with jealousy. OK?"


   "Oh yes! That's what I've been wanting forever!" They hugged again and then went to go fishing. They were careful not to splash the placid waters too much.


   In the center of the lake, making the waters seem even more serene, the swan floated and slowly swam.


@@@@@@


   Brian and Gus made short work of the fish, easily catching 3 each, making that 2 fish for all of them; Justin would have his when he transformed.


   Gus went to Arrow, and pulled out a frying pan from his saddlebag (his valet really had done a marvelous job) and then whispered into the huge horse's ear. The enormous equine sucked in a looooong, slow, affronted breath and then let it out even more slowly. The whole thing conveyed: The things I do for you humans!...and...You are damned lucky I do them too!


   Then he slowly, majestically walked his regal self over to the stone circle, lifted his bushy tail and squeezed out two more turds next to it for later. These ones smelled of roses and lilacs. Then he gave a quick snort, a breath, like the one gives to blow out a single candle. The resulting flame lit the kindling and uh...fuel in seconds and next moment there was a merrily blazing campfire.


   "Oh thank you, Arrow!" whispered Gus, and gave his face a pat. Arrow gave a rumble and a nuzzle back.


   "Yeah, thanks Horse-Head," said Brian flippantly. (He had been gutting and cleaning the fish all this time.) Arrow snorted and looked at him with slitted eyes like he was looking at someone who had stolen the crown jewels. Then he tossed his head in what should have been a playful manner but was rather like a lion trying to use a cat's scratch post. Then he trotted away to graze some more and then fall asleep in the grass at the edge of the forest.


   "Why does he love you and hate me?" grumbled Brian.


   "Perhaps it's because he was created for me. Not to mention that he just carried you around all day and you just called him Horse-Head!" answered Gus, pouring a little oil into the frying pan and holding it over the fire as it received two of the fish Brian had cleaned and deboned.


   The smell of frying fish soon filled the lakeside and within a few minutes they were ready.


   "Hurry and eat, before you transform. It's nearly time," said Gus curtly. He didn't want to think about what was going to happen.


   "Yes Gus. And you're right. I'll apologize to Arrow. But maybe tomorrow, once he's had some rest...and space."


   "Good idea. But I'm not upset about that. Well, not just that. I don't like it when I have to lose one of you!"


   "I know. I don't like it either. I hate it when I can only see Justin for a second at a time. And I miss him...and now both of you when I'm off and about. He reached out and cupped Gus' chin and lifted it to look in Gus' eyes. "And make no mistake. I will miss you. We both do. I can feel it." That strange feeling came again, in spades and Brian dropped his hand. But the feeling stayed and so did Gus' happy smile.


   "Speaking of which, you are right. It is almost time. Justin! Justin hon, it's time to come in! It's my time for the collar!"


   The swan came, honking and flapping like crazy, skimming the water. Then he was at the shore and then at the campfire.


   Brian took the golden chain from his own saddlebag and replaced it with the collar. As he placed the collar on his own neck, he charged Gus: "Be sure to take this off of him after he has transformed. There is magic on it to keep a wild animal placid so it's a cruel thing to keep it on a man. Promise me!"


   "I promise," said Gus.


   "Good boy," said Brian as he felt that strange feeling again, but it was too late to figure out what it was because it was time.


   The sun disappeared taking with it Justin's feathers. Gus, quick as thought, drew off the chain. Justin blinked and smiled up at Brian's handsome face.


   "I love you," they said as they touched palms. They got better at this every time they did this.


   Brian smiled and then stiffened as he felt the feathers fly. Then he was covered, and an owl was there and taking off across the lake.


   "Not too far, my love!" yelled Justin after him.


   There were five quick hoots in response. And then he was gone.


@@@@@@


   Justin looked after the disappearing owl for a long minute and then turned toward Gus. He held out his arms and Gus rushed into them.


   "I missed you! I missed you so much!"


   "Gus! Gus! It's only been a day!"


   "I don't care!" grumbled Gus rebelliously.


   Justin just laughed.


   "Well, I haven't missed you at all," he said, casting a sideways look at the young prince.


   "Why not!?" yelled Gus, turning to him and falling for it completely.


   "Because, my little monkey, I have been with you all day! And with the collar on, I understood and was with you the whole way. You have some explaining to do. Where on earth are we and why are we here?"


   "We're on a quest to save a prince from a tower," explained Gus, "To get there, we need to ride that horse," He pointed at Arrow. "And right now we're deep...very deep within the Wild Western Woods."


   "Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! Why would Brian agree to go on that kind of quest? And where did that horse come from? It's obviously conjured magic. What happened today, Gus? Did Brian leave me a letter?"


   "No, there's no letter," replied Gus. When he saw Justin's crestfallen face, he quickly continued, "There was no time! We were very busy today and the horse....I call him Arrow, only put us down two hours ago. We've been setting up camp and cooking dinner since then." Gus grasped Justin's forearm. "You're all he talks about...all he thinks about. He loves you very much."


   Justin's smile was tremulous. "Really?"


   "Really. Come on. I'll explain everything from the beginning. I will be your letter."


   And so, Gus put on the remaining four fish and began to talk. He told him about Brian finding out they kissed and his terrible consequential anger.


   "Typical queen out!" Justin commented.


   He told him about his encounter with the fairy of Puppy Love as he served up the fish and the dramatic rescue from the chopping block as they ate. Justin was wide eyed and forgot to eat and it wasn't till Gus started in about Michael that he started to fork in more mouthfuls of cold fish. When he heard about the pickles of pleasure, he had a good long giggle fit. When he told Justin he'd kissed Brian to even the odds and pull Brian out of his funk, Justin was done his fish, stopped giggling, and was not pleased, but to his credit, he did not queen out as bad as Brian did. After that there was nothing more to tell him except that they started their journey on Arrow and had been flying all day over the Western Woods. And when he was done, it was deep night and the stars were out.


   "So....tell me about this kiss again," he demanded sternly.


   "Close mouthed. Prefunctory. Non romantic. I swear." Gus said, holding up a hand.


   Justin started giggling. "You can stop swearing. I'm sure Brian did that enough for the both of you today. Just...no more kissing...either of us, OK? You can't solve all your problems by kissing them away."


   "I know that! That's not what I was trying to do! There just didn't seem to be....I mean....Arrrgh! He wouldn't listen!!"


   Justin held his hand. "It's OK. I understand. I went through 5 years of that shit. Perhaps I still am and just aren't noticing anymore. But I understand what you're going through. And remember, he's going apeshit without....well, without being with me for so long."


   "I guess I can understand that," said Gus.


   "Good. Now let's get some sleep. I have a feeling we'll need it."


   And that's what they did. They put the extra patties on the fire. Then, Justin rolled himself up in the red and white checked blanket they had meant as a picnic blanket so long ago and Gus snuggled into his bedroll on the opposite side of the fire. That valet had really done a marvelous job. And unbeknownst to Gus, he had done such a good job because the valet had been half in love with the young prince. But when he had packed Gus off to seek his fortune, the valet had given up all hope and decided to have one more drink before ending it all. However, down at the inn, at that very moment, the valet bumped into the biggest, darkest skinned, strongest piece of beefcake they'd ever had as a bouncer there.


   The valet's dick sprang instantly to attention.


   "Oyy! Watch where you're going!" yelled the bouncer.


   "I'm very sorry. Buy you a drink to make up for it?"


   "D'uuuuuuhhhhhhhh........." replied the bouncer, who was unclear on the concept of conversation.


   The valet closed his eyes, clenched his fist and reached deep, deep, and desperately down into his past where he conjured the one very little piece of magic his old granny had taught him. He opened his fist and blew and a strange dust blew into the bouncer's face.


   "You do. You want to have a drink with me. A drink will make up for everything," the valet said quickly.


   The bouncer's eyes cleared and focused on a pair of the bluest eyes he'd seen.


   "Yes. A drink would be good. You can make up for bumping me."


   And with that, the valet and the bouncer went into the bar and talked long into the night and somehow ended back at the bouncer's place. The bouncer stripped to display every rippling, huge muscle to the salivating ex-valet. The ex-valet dropped to his knees to worship the muscle and began to reverently run his hands all over his....


   Well.....ahem.....Well, that's another tale and shall be told another time.


@@@@@@


   A loud screaming woke Justin from a sound sleep. He jackknifed up to a sitting position and looked around blearily. It was before dawn and just beginning to be light. The fire had gone out.


   "WHEEEEEE - HEEE - HEE - HEE - HEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" The screaming came again and this time, he realized it was Arrow, very loudly waking them up.


   There was a large, brown owl sitting on a log, facing away from him, looking at the forest. As Justin focused on him, the owl turned his head all the way around so that he was looking directly at Justin. "HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO!!!" he said.


   "Good morning to you too, show off!" Justin replied.


   Gus stirred and began to wake up. "It's so cold!" he complained.


   "Maybe Arrow will help us with another fire," Justin replied.


   Brian fluttered on his log and then took off. That's when Justin saw them. Laid out in a neat row, their necks crushed but otherwise intact were two rabbits, two squirrels and 3 mice.


   "Ugghhh! What's that?" said Gus.


   "I think that's my partner's idea of helping us for food," said Justin.


   Said partner was now flying out over the lake. He glided, turned, turned....and dived straight into the water. Then he was out and coming toward them and dropped a large fish near the camp. He took off to try again. And he did it again.


   However, when Brian came back with his second fish, Justin stopped him.


   "Hold up, Mr. Man! Squirrels and rabbits are one thing but we ARE NOT eating mice or rats! You got me?"


   The owl looked up, his yellow eyes blinking impassively up at his partner's irate blue ones. Then he gave a few hoots, fluttered over and picked up each mouse by its tail, threw it up into the air and caught it on the way down and swallowed it whole. He did this right in front of them!


   Justin and Gus were properly and vocally disgusted. The owl gave a sort of shrug and flew off and caught another fish.


   Meantime, Arrow proudly showed them where he had pooped out a few more poots. These smelled distinctly like gingerbread and peanut butter. These were shoveled over into the fire pit and Arrow lit them on fire for them.


   The sky was distinctly brighter in the east but it was still cold. They stayed by the fire and cleaned the fish as best they could.  The fire dried the dew off their blankets.


   They managed to cook a fish for Justin to eat before he said, "That's all I have time for I think. The time is soon. I shall eat the rest of my meal as a bird, I think."


   Gus rushed into his arms. "Not yet! Not yet!"


   But Justin was right and sunlight was creeping onto the eastern shore. And they, on the western, watched it come. The owl came back with one last fish. He dropped it and touched down on the shore just as the sunshine touched it. Feathers flew and there was Brian back.


   Justin edged miserably away from that line. Oh, how could one hate the sunlight so much!?


   Brian plucked at the collar and took it off. He tossed it to Justin still in the shade.


   Justin caught it, put it on. Slowly advanced to the shade line. They stood on the barrier.


   "I love you," they both said.


   Justin choked. "I have so much to say. Now I can't think of anything."


   The sun line advanced. Each man took a step. It was a strange and careful dance.


   Brian put a hand through into the shade. Where it exited the sunlight, it was a wing. He pulled it back.


   "I wish I could touch you! So much!" he said brokenly.


   Each man took a step.


   "Try this," Justin said. He reached out into the sun. Brian reached into the shade. Brown stroked white and each pulled back.


   "Love you, Bri. Try not to bring us any more mice, OK?"


   "Deal. Love you too, Sunshine."


   Justin smiled as bright as his name and then surrendered to the real thing that would inevitably conquer him. He let the light shine on his face, in his eyes, blinding him so he wouldn't have to see the moment of transformation or what it was doing to his lover.


   "HONK!! The powerful white wings lifted him enough to skim and then sit on the middle of the lake.


   "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Brian pounded the sand with his fist in frustration and grief.


TBC


 

End Notes:

PLEASE REVIEW AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!! IT HELPS ME WRITE A LITTLE FASTER AND MAKES ME HAPPY!!

 

A/N: BLAAARRRGHH!!!! I really tried to get them to the tower and the pickles but it was just no use! This thing just keeps going! Next chapter for sure, I promise!!


Chapter 8 - Midsummer Magic. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

 

Hey Folks! I'm back! I seriously thought I was going to hit pickle but I encountered one more layer before that so I thought I'd wait until i did it. The result??  You guys get two yummy, gooey chapters for the price of one! So enjoy your wasted time! I enjoyed wasting it! He He!!! Don't forget to shoot me........ a review!

Chapter 8


Midsummer Magic



   The rest of the morning was spent in relative silence. Gus could see that Brian was in a lot of pain but also that Brian was very butch, which meant pain management was pain masking with silence and stolid behavior.


   They dug a hole and buried all the fish remains and any other organic garbage. They cleaned the dishes and frying pan in a big pot of lake water and threw the dirty water into the forest to water the trees and underbrush. They broke camp, packed up and poured lake water liberally over the fire to put it out thoroughly. At last they were ready and they heard the tell-tale, wet, sucking noise of Arrow's wings to let them know he was ready as well.


   Brian gave a quick toot on the whistle and Justin flew in from the lake and alighted clumsily in his basket. And then they were off.  Arrow galloped and flapped hard and lifted off with a steep ascent. He circled once to get his bearings and flew away from the rising sun.


   They landed for a quick lunch and a stretch but Arrow all too soon gave a whinny and a dangerous snort of flame and it became scarily obvious who was in charge around here. They all got back on in a hurry.


   Arrow flew on and on all that day, only choosing a lake a few hours before sunset like last time. They made camp, the sun set, the men transformed. Brian fished and then flew off, and Justin and Gus settled in by the fire and slept under the stars.


   They could almost believe this was a summer holiday, a rustic camping trip, deep in the forest. They would laugh, go fishing, swim, prepare the animals that Brian would present to them in the morning like a cat does with its fresh kills. But then there was Arrow, always waking them up, always hurrying them on. And then they would remember that this was no pleasure trip.


   They did this the next day and the next. And still the forest went on and on, only broken by waterways and the occasional meadowlands. Otherwise, the trees were never ending. All in all they did this for five days straight. However, we need to backtrack to the fourth day where something of note did happen.


   With every day that passed that the men spent together, they grew closer and closer. A strong bond formed between the separated couple and Gus and Gus came to love them both to distraction. He was so grateful to have them with him as the trip alone would have been long and silent and boring without them. Not to mention hungrier since he did not know how to hunt or camp and Justin and Brian could do both, both in their avian and human forms and they taught him many things.


   Brian forgave Gus completely without even realizing it. More and more, he enjoyed having him close, fishing with him, teaching him things, egging him on and praising him for his accomplishments. More and more, it became natural to find Brian with his hand draped easily over Gus's shoulder and Gus holding onto his waist. Brian came to love this position as they fished on a log or took walks around whatever lake Arrow had brought them to. More and more, Brian realized this would spark and then fan the flames of the affection and this...other feeling he didn't understand. Eventually, he realized it was constantly there...this unknown feeling and although he didn't know what it was, he found he could not get rid of it and so eventually got used to it.


   Justin would watch them from wherever he was as a swan and internally he would smile. He knew what was happening.


   In the deep night of the fourth night, Brian was in the forest, hunting as usual, when he heard  - the call. It was a bit of a surprise, but Brian just figured Justin had woken up in the dark and was worried about him. So he focused in quickly, tensed, dived silently and grabbed the rabbit he had been stalking for the last hour just for fun. Then he quickly flew back to camp with it.


   To his surprise, both Justin and Gus were laid out by the campfire, fast asleep. He watched Justin sadly for a few moments, admiring the way his blond hair glowed silver in the moonlight. But who then, had called him?


   "Brian! Over here, Brian!" called a gentle voice.


   Brian swiveled his head to the left and saw a tall, thin man dressed all in green.


   Brian hooted and fluttered closer, keeping his wings outspread and talons at the ready. If this douche-bag tried anything, he'd...


   "Peace, Brian! I mean you or your friends no harm. I have come to...hmmmm....and yet this would probably be easier face to face..."


   The man made a quick gesture with a hand and suddenly Brian realized he was a man again. He had arms! He had a mouth! He could talk!


   "Justin! Justin! Sunshine1 I'm back!"


   Justin didn't wake.


   "He can't hear you, Brian. This form is only temporary. See?" The man pointed behind Brian.


   Brian looked and saw the owl still standing in the sand by the lakeshore, frozen. He was glowing green and green tendrils of ethereal light reached out and joined to Brian's human form. Brian now saw that he was also glowing green and somewhat transparent. He also saw that the man was glowing with a green light as well.


   "Who are you?" asked Brian.


   Then man was older with hollowed cheeks and his expression was indescribably sad.


   "In a far off time, in another world, this man's name was Vic. I have taken his form because in that other world, he took the role of surrogate uncle...and father to you...and many of your friends."


   "I see. But why do you look so sad. And what has this got to do with me?"


   "I am sad because in that other life, much of his efforts went for granted and he was largely unappreciated. As for you, I have come to you to help you. You have let the power of my love take root in your heart."


   "I don't understand what you are talking about," said Brian.


   "I am talking about the affection and love that you have been feeling that you cannot identify. It confuses you and distresses you a little but I have come to help you come to terms with it," the Fairy said, as Brian realized that, indeed, that was what this man was. The Fairy looked over at Gus with fondness.


   A protectiveness and surge of anger that Brian had never felt before surged up within him and he growled out: "Gus!? What has he to do with this? What has he to do with anything? If you've come to hurt him, I'll..."


   "Gus has everything to do with why I am here and why I can help you now. You see...it is Gus whom you love."


   "What!!? I do not!! I mean....Well we do spend a lot of time together! But it has nothing to do with that! No, you must be wrong! I wouldn't do that to him! To Justin! I...."


   "Brian! Brian! Calm yourself! Have all your travels taught you nothing? Have you not yet realized that there are many different types of love?"


   "And what type are you then?" Brian asked suspiciously.


   "I am the Fairy of Paternal Love," said the Green Fairy.


   "Paternal?? That means...Fatherly...FATHER!!? NO! NO! I can't be!! I can't be his father! You're lying!! That's impossible!!" he screamed.


   "Calm down," the Fairy said again, "You are not his father....in this world."


   Brian was hyperventilating. "Oh...thank...God...Oh...my...God...You...scared...the...shit...outta...Hey! What do you mean this world?"


   "In the world of this man...this Vic...you were indeed his father. And you loved him very much. And at last, the dimensions are starting to align. It's true you are not his biological father here, Brian Kinney. But you love him and are as proud of him, as if you were as if he were your own. And he needs a father figure now and in the days to come he will need one as if he had no father at all."


   "What do you mean?"


   "Do you wish my help, Brian Kinney?"


   "It depends what it is," Brian said rudely. He was still not over his scare.


   The Green Fairy understood this and overlooked it. "I can lead you to the huntsman that you need for the final ingredient. And I can break the spell temporarily and reunite you to Justin."


   There was incredulous silence.


   "What? What did you say? Are you serious? Please...Please, if you're joking...Please...please I can't...I can't take it..."


   "I am very serious, Brian. There is powerful Midsummer Magic that will soon be in effect. Tomorrow, your horse will camp near a lake in the midst of a large meadow, where many wildflowers grow. There, you must gather seven types of flowers and seven of each. You must gather lavender hyssop, lanceleaf coreopsis, purple coneflower, bergamot, black-eyed Susan, spiderwort, and golden Alexander. You must weave these flowers into a crown. As long as one of you is wearing this crown, you will remain in your human form. But this is not a breaking of the spell and will only last a few days at most and for as long as you are within this forest. The instant you move outside its borders, the magic will fail and the spell will take effect once again."


   "But what are those? Hyssop? Spiderwort, Coreo....coreopsis? I don't know what you are talking about!"


   The Green Fairy gave a regretful kind of smile, and said, "Of course not. Here..." He touched two fingers to Brian's temple and a flood of images and colors raced through Brian's mind and suddenly Brian knew exactly what to do.*


   "Thanks! Thanks a lot! I will do this tomorrow for sure!"


   "Oh, one more thing! You must not tell anyone of this and while you are gathering and weaving the crown, you must not say a word until you put it on one of your heads, or the magic will be ruined! Not a word! Understand?"


   "Yes, yes! I understand! I will do that! Thank you! And what of the huntsman?"


   "The huntsman you seek is in the forest to the east, many miles from where you have come. Once you fulfill your quest for the trapped prince you can seek him out. I will tell your horse where to find him."


   The Green Fairy walked over to Arrow and whispered into his ear. Arrow nickered and nodded his head.


   "Good bye, Brian Kinney. And good luck!" The Fairy turned into green mist and vanished and Brian found he was an owl again. But he didn't care. He took off and hooted madly, joy brimming and overflowing in his heart.


@@@@@@


   On the evening of the fifth day, Arrow dropped down by a lake in the midst of a large meadow, just as predicted. Everyone disembarked as usual, Arrow went to drink as usual. But this time, Brian just stood and looked around and then asked Gus:


   "Can you take care of everything tonight, Gus? There's something I need to do."


   "What is it?"


   "I cannot say. But I will need every minute before sunset and therefore I must start right away. And you must be a good boy and not speak to me or try to make me speak until I tell you, all right?"


   "Brian, you are being very strange tonight. And you're not started out on that good boy stuff again are you? I told you I find that annoying."


   "Yes, I know. I'm sorry. It's just...it's just I've figured out why I call you that sometimes. I hope it's ok but...I've really started to think of you...as a son."


   "I have a dad."


   "Yes, I know and I....and I...oh dear well I don't know what to say. I guess I've made things awkward. But that wasn't my intention. I'll leave you alone now."


   Gus was thinking hard. "Brian...wait. I have a dad...but if things were different...and you were my dad...well...I could do a lot worse."


   Brian smiled. "I'll take it. Now I must be silent until I see you again. Farewell."


   With that, he walked out into the field and didn't look back.


   The meadow was alive with mice and moles and jumping deer and red foxes that chased things. Insects were plentiful. The grasses were waist high. And among the grasses, sometimes as thick as the grass itself, the flowers grew, filling the entire meadow with color.


   Brian went to and fro, somehow just knowing and gathered the seven of his seven kinds of flowers that he needed, cutting them very close to the ground with his dagger.


   He took the 49 flowers he had collected and found a fine, flat rock that was within sight of the camp but far enough away that he would not be disturbed. He sat on the rock in the low summer sun and began.


   He twisted two of the flower stalks around each other in a double helix. He added another and made a braid. Then a fourth and wove that in. Then a fifth. Each flower he wove in was below the one before so the stalk extended longer and longer. He was just careful to keep the ends pinched together. Six...Seven...Eight...Nine ....Ten. Carefully, Brian bent the stalks in a circle and wove the ends into the stalks near the top and pulled the whole thing into a tightly woven crown. Phew. He breathed a little easier. A least the first part was done.**


   Oh no! The sun was so low in the sky! How did it get so late?


   Brian wove in another flower and another. The thing was going to be magnificent when it was done.


   But it was no use. The sun was setting. Brian wove in another and didn't say a word. The sun was half set. Brian wove in a flower and didn't a word. He gathered all the rest of the flowers together in one place on the rock and kept going. He wove in another...and another. He wove in another flower and didn't say...


   "HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO!" the owl on the rock said. He flew off into the deepening twilight to catch a field mouse or two.


@@@@@@


   The swan swam to shore and timed it just right. He stepped onto the shore just as the sun set. Feathers swirled and then Justin was there walking over to the campsite.


   "Where's Brian?" he asked, clearly disappointed.


   "I don't know. He was sitting over there but I guess he's transformed, if you have. He was acting very strangely today." Gus pointed in the direction of the rock.


   "Strange how?" asked Justin.


   "He told me to set up camp by myself and told me he needed to be on his own. He told me not to speak to him and that he had to be silent and then he just...went off...into the meadow and sat on a big rock over there and never came back."


   "Never came back! What do you mean? Where did he go? Where is he?" asked Justin, panicking.


   "Justin, don't panic! He's transformed, as you have by now. He's off night hunting, I expect. He'll be back!"


   "Still...it's strange though. And he doesn't have the collar! Show me. Show me where he was."


   So Gus led him over to the flat rock where he had seen Brian sitting. Before they could get close to it, however, Justin stopped them both short.


   "Stop! No farther! Don't you see it?!"


   "See what?" asked Gus.


   "The fairy ring. There's a ring of green light surrounding the rock."


   "I don't see anything," said Gus.


   "Then I must go on alone. Gus you must go back to the campsite and leave me to go on alone. There is powerful magic going on here, whether good or bad, I do not know, but I want you to be safe."


   "No! I don't want to leave you! I don't want to be alone there in the dark!"


   "You must. I must go on. I can feel the magic pulling me. I must do this."


   "Promise me you will not leave me here alone and I will go back."


   "I promise it. Gus, if we ever part, it will because the three of us decide it together. Don't worry. I feel this will not take too long."


   "All right. I will go back. See you soon, Justin. Gus left and went back to the fire and Arrow and Justin went on and stepped within the green ring that only he could see.


   He could tell at once this was a hallowed place. He felt like he was in a church or a graveyard. But there was nothing here to indicate anything was special. Justin climbed onto the rock and saw the crown and the rest of the flowers and realized what Brian was trying to do.


   Carefully, he sat cross-legged and continued Brian's work by the light of the gibbous moon. His fingers were long and deft and he was faster at it than Brian was and in a few hours he was done.


   The crown was thick, and colorful and with 49 flowers, quite wide. Whoever wore it would be King of Summer. Justin looked at it and wondered what it was for.


   He had brought the whistle with him and he pulled it out now and blew on it. He waited. Then he blew again. And waited some more. He was patient. He knew without the collar, Brian could have flown anywhere and so could be far away.


   The fairy ring still shone bright around the rock so Justin knew something was still up. He sat there, cross-legged and silent and waited.


   Finally, after an hour, an owl swooped in out of the forest, through the air and landed on the rock. He hooted impatiently.


   Justin took off the collar and made it very loose. He reached out very carefully. The owl bit and flapped at him and then flew away. Justin narrowly escaped being bit and blew the whistle again. Drawn toward him, the owl landed on the rock again.


   Trying a different tactic, Justin picked up the garland and reached out. The owl bit again and Justin drew back but next moment he threw the garland over the owl. He meant to just have the garland encircle the owl like a ring toss game but as it did, the owl bulged and the crown stayed on its head and he grew and grew some more, his wings turned into arms and suddenly there was Brian sitting on the rock, wearing the flower crown instead.


   To say Justin was floored, flummoxed, and flabbergasted was a high understatement.


   "Hey-ya, Sunshine!" Brian said, like it was no big deal. He stretched.


   "Hey..."  Justin replied weakly. "So...what's going on here? Is it more magic? Or just another dream?"


   "I see you found my project! And you figured out what to do! You're so smart! I thought I'd have to wait until tomorrow!"


   "There's a...there was a green ring of light around the rock," Justin said lamely. The fairy ring was gone.


   "Ahhh! I see!" said Brian as if he did see. "So...you've been dreaming about me huh?"


   "Oh yes! Almost every night! They always end before I get to kiss you though. But this one...this one is spectacular! I can feel the wind on my face. The moon is so clear! And you! You're so real! Maybe this time, I'll get to..."


   Brian just grabbed him and smashed their mouths together in the moonlight. Justin's eyes widened and then closed in pleasure. Brian flicked his plump lips with his tongue and Justin opened for him at once. Their tongues met in a mating dance of their own and Justin groaned. They came up for air briefly but before Justin could do anything else, Brian's lips crashed down on his again and this time he tongue fucked him hard, fast and thoroughly.  This was no mating but a plundering. Justin gave everything, reached out a hand and wrapped it around Brian's neck and pulled him deeper and deeper still. And yet it was not enough.


   A few tears leaked out when they pulled back and then hugged hard, Justin relishing, the feel of Brian's hard back that was...


   "Definitely not a dream..." Justin murmured.


   "Nope! It's Midsummer magic," said Brian. He then went on to tell Justin about the Green Fairy of Paternal Love and what he had to do and that one of them would have to wear the crown to keep from turning.


   "It's a great relief to tell you at last. I couldn't tell anyone or speak while I was doing it or the magic wouldn't have worked. And since it did work, I guess you didn't speak as well while you finished this."


   "No. I can't explain it. I felt like I was in church or something while I was in the...well, on the rock. So I didn't bother talking. And Gus couldn't see that there was anything special anyw...."


   "Their eyes widened. "Gus!" Justin breathed, "I'd completely forgotten..."


   "What!? Is he all right?"


   "Huh? Oh yes! He's back at the lake. I'd just forgotten all about him for minute!"


   "Well come on! He'll be so excited!" Brian jumped down and reached out and caught Justin on his way down. Brian swung him around and around trapping him in place and kissing the daylight...well, moonlights out of him the whole time, the flower crown affixed at a sideways, jaunty angle.


   Then they ran off together towards the flicker of light in the dark that would be the campfire.


@@@@@@


   Gus was more than excited. He was ecstatic.


   "Holy shit!! Holy shit!!! Holy shit!!!" he kept screaming and jumped up and down.


   Brian put his hands on his hips and stared down at the hysterical prince. "Young man! Just where did you get such filthy language!?" he pretended to scold him.


   "From YOU!" yelled Gus joyfully, "But only during the day!" and with that the young prince threw himself into Brian's arms.


   "Oh...right," said Brian lamely.


   The three men joined in a group hug, jumping up and down in utter glee and celebration and squealed like little girls.


   "Uh oh, Ma!" Brian drawled, "Looks like we‘re gonna have to watch our mouths around the youn'un."


   "What's this we stuff?" Justin teased back, "You're the one with the potty mouth."


   "Misery loves company," said Brian unrepentantly.


   Gus ignored both of them. "So...all you have to do is wear the flowers and you'll be fine from now on?"


   "Well, no," said Justin, "This is just for a few days or as long as we're in the forest. Then we go back to transforming again."


   "Oh, but still! What a loophole! I wish I could see the look on that mean ole witch's face if he knew about this!" shouted Gus in gleeful vengeance.


   They cheered till they were hoarse and broke out some small portions of ale they had brought and toasted the downfall of the Witch.


   Then they made some creative changes with the blankets and bedrolls and they fell asleep, Gus on one side of the fire and Brian and Justin rolled up together on the other, As a top cover, they used the picnic blanket.


TBC



 

End Notes:

*A/N: For those of you who don't know the flowers I'm talking about either, you can get a visual here. Whether you choose to buy them is your own look out, I'm not endorsing or encouraging that you do so at all.   http://www.wildflowerfarm.com/index.php?p=product&id=223&parent=3


** I have no idea if this is how you weave together flowers but it sounded plausible. But I was just basically bullsh**ing you.

 

PLEASE REVIEW!!


Chapter 9 - Pickles, Pleasure...and PORN!. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

WARNING: Descriptions of abuse. Hopefully not too graphic.


Here it is! The much anticipated PICKLE CHAPTER!! I had hoped it would be funnier but it turned out a little differently than I thought....so I threw in some smut to make up for it! Hope you enjoy! And for this reason, I affectionately call this chapter.....

 


Chapter 9

Pickles, Pleasure...and PORN!

   The next day, the sixth, found three triumphant men on the flying horse's back.

   Brian was in front and Gus was sandwiched in between the both of them and without a doubt he thought it was the best place to be right about then.

   For six days they had been flying over this endless forest and it still was without an end in all directions. However, finally, about midday they finally sighted their goal.

   Far away in the distance was a clearing and in the middle of that clearing was a tiny spire. Brian gave a shout and pointed it out.

   The tiny spire grew bigger and bigger as it grew closer and closer. Soon they could see it was grey stone and that it was among the ruins of more stone and walls and doors that went nowhere and the like. They could see it was about 50 feet high with a single window at the top and no door to get in.

   And then Arrow was diving and dropping. He cleverly found a forest path and landed a little ways inside the tree cover.

   "Arrow! What are you doing!? Come on!" Gus cried, but Arrow wouldn't move.

   He jumped down and was about to run the rest of the way to the tower, when Brian jumped down and caught him easily.

   "Gus wait! Arrow must have dropped us here for a reason! Just go slowly. We're here, but remember, only fools rush in."

   And so, they went silently the rest of the way and it's a good thing that they did. They were peeking out from various undergrowth coverings to see if it was safe, when suddenly it wasn't.

   There was a fearsome clap of thunder and a puff of black, oily smoke and a wizened old man in a black cloak appeared in the clearing near the tower.

   "You don't suppose it's...him?" asked Gus, fearfully.

   Brian looked carefully. "No. It's some other weasel but be careful. This may be of the same ilk. Let's watch and learn."

   The old man moved over to the window and called up:

"Sweet boy of mine,

With skin and hair so fine,

It's me, Walter Shickle.

I've brought a jar of pickles,

So let down your golden hair,

And we'll have a little slap and tickle."

   From the woods, Brian, Justin, and Gus looked at each other. Who was this weirdo?"

   Well, whoever he was, a golden rope of some sort was let down out of the window and the old man cackled in glee and climbed up it. He disappeared through the window and the rope was pulled up again.

   The three men retreated a safe distance into the forest.

   "Who was that freak?" Gus asked, voicing it for all three of them.

   "I don't know, but with a speech like that, I'll doubt he'll be coming out of there any time soon," Brian said. "Don't worry though, he amended, when he saw Gus' face, "We'll keep watch and rescue whoever's in there when he goes away."

   This plan was quickly put into effect. Justin kept watch, and Gus and Brian retreated a short way into the forest until they found a small glade that would serve their needs as a campsite.

   They decided not to light a fire in case the old man would see the smoke. They comforted Arrow who was pretending (Brian hoped) to be affronted because he had been courteous enough to poot out two patties just for them. These ones smelled like freshly baked gingerbread.

   Each man took a 2 hour shift and still nothing. Sunset came and went and Justin gave the crown to Brian just as he was going to transform.

   Finally, a few hours after sunset, the golden rope was let down again and the old man slid down.

   "I'll see you tomorrow, boy! Ahhhhh Heee! Hee! Heee!" The old man laughed in what was a definite cackle, turned on his heel and vanished in a thick cloud of black smoke.

   It was decided Gus should go see what was up, since it was his quest, after all. So he strode out into the clearing and yelled up, "HEEEEYYY! Who's up there? Let down that rope! Who's there? Oh...and, do you have any of those pickles left?"

   A perfectly adorable, blond man of about 18 years old popped his head out.  His skin indeed was very white and fair. He had blue eyes and he was very handsome.

   "You're not Walter! Who are you?"

   "I'm Gus! I came a long way to rescue you."

   "What?? You came to make a fuss? You're shlong needs a shoe!?"

   "NO! Came to rescue you!"

   WHAT?? You're ashamed to eat stew!!? Well don't eat it then!!"

   "NO!! Look! That gold rope! Let down your rope! I'll climb up!

   "I can't hear a damn thing! Hang on! Let me let down my hair so you can climb up!"

   With that, the deaf (but not dumb) blond let down the gold rope and when it got there, Gus realized it was hair! A tightly coiled, blond braid that reached 40 feet down. He pulled on a pair of leather gauntlets for better traction and started the climb. It wasn't easy but if you think about it, no quest ever is, so it was slow going. However, he persevered and finally, he reached the top.

   He sat on the windowsill and was struck dumb with amazement and horniness. The captive prince was even more handsome and delectable up close. He was a thin but toned 18 year old blond twink, a light haired version of himself.  His eyes were blue. He wore a tan tunic and leggings and leather shoes that flared out in the back. Gus could now see that the prince's hair that was indeed braided starting near the nape of his neck and extended a few feet to the window where it was looped and braced around an ugly little statue of a troll that was serving as a rainspout.

   "Hi. What's your name?" asked Gus.

   "I'm Randal. And who are you? And why are you ashamed to eat stew?"

   "I'm Gus. And I'm not ashamed of anything! I said: I came to rescue you!"

   "Ohhhh! Well, that makes a lot more sense, I must say."

   There was a pause.

   "So what are you going to do?" asked Randal, interestedly.

   "Well, it depends....that old man...do we have to get away from him?" He began to pull on the braid and hoist the whole thing up again.

   Randal moved to help him, a little embarrassed. This was his hair after all. It was his responsibility. "Oh, we shouldn't have to worry. He only visits once a day."

   "I see. All right, well that gives us some time then. Who is that guy anyway?"

   "I don't really know anymore. He brought me here as a baby and brought me up as a son. He never let me cut my hair and now it is as you see it. When it was long enough to use as a rope, he sealed the door with magic and never let me leave. And it was only last year that he stopped wanting me to be his son and started wanting....other things."

   "What other things?"

   Randal just looked down. "If I tell you, you won't want to rescue me," he said in this small voice that made Gus want to smash the old man's face in.

   Gus raised his hand and pledged, "No matter what you tell me, we are getting out of this hell hole!"

   ""I'm going to hold you to that," Randal said with a tremulous smile.

   Then he began to talk.  He talked for a long time. And Gus' horror and rage grew with every passing word.

@@@@@

   About a year ago, Walter (the old man) began showing interest in Randal other than a son. Oh, it never went as far as sex, Randal assured him, but it was getting closer and closer and he was sure the old man was going to make a move soon. Meantime, sometimes he would still have father-son visits and other times...he would bring...the pickles.

   It was during those times, that Randal knew his duties were now very different. Walter would be amorous and kiss him and strip him and fondle him until Randal would be overcome with the physical need to finish the job and Walter would watch in glee. And before he was allowed to cum, Randal was expected to perform...certain duties.

   At the same time though, Walter would view him as his son....or boy....or both and the whole shebang was messing with Randal's head in ways he didn't even know. And whenever he would refuse or cry, Walter was there to remind him he was there forever. There was no way down from the tower, plus he was so far deep in this forest that any other man who tried to come for him would be eaten, or trapped or enchanted and even if someone managed to escape all that, it would still take him his whole life to make it through the forest to reach the tower. And so, Randal would do....his duties that a son should never have to do with tears in his eyes.

@@@@@

   "So...do you still want to rescue me?"

   "More than ever. None of that was any of your fault, Randall. And as must as I'd like to fix his wagon, I think the best bet would be to get away from him as soon as possible."

   "Agreed. He's just too powerful. And jealous. I'm certain now, this is why he tried so hard to convince me that no one would come."

   "I was thinking the same thing," said Gus.

   "But now you have come. And you don't look like it took your whole life to get here. And you didn't get trapped! However did you manage it?"

   "If I was on foot, I've no doubt it would have taken my whole life! As it was, it took six days riding a magic flying horse."

   "A magic horse! How clever of you! And brave....and handsome....And...Oh...I'm sorry! It's just...I've never seen a man as young as me before. I've often wondered what it would be like...well, to feel like...to kiss a young person instead of a wrinkled....never mind." He shuddered.

   So did Gus. Then he took Randal's smooth hand in his leathery one and pulled him toward him. "It feels a little like this," he said. And he kissed him and this time, it was right, so right, because Randal kissed right back, warm and willing, and there was no one else in the picture to object about it.

@@@@@@

   Meanwhile, down on the ground, Brian and Justin waited impatiently for Gus to return.

   However, after 15 minutes when Gus didn't return and moreover, the rope was pulled up, Brian smiled roguishly.

   "Come on, Sunshine! We may as well go back to camp! Gus won't be coming back tonight."

   "What? How can you tell?"

   "Well, they just pulled up the means of escape. Besides...if it was me...who found you up there.... I definitely wouldn't be coming down anytime soon!"

   And Brian swooped in and kissed the daylights out of him. Then he scooped him up and carried him off back to the campsite where Arrow was waiting to light one fire while they lighted another, this one fueled by pure passion.

@@@@@@

   Gus and Randal separated and Randal smiled. "Mmmmmmm!! That was nice. Is there more?

   Gus nodded and smiled sweetly and then dipped Randal back and kissed the daylights out of him. Randal's hand snaked around the back of Gus's neck and tongue fucked the questing prince back mercilessly. Both twinks were in seventh heaven. After what seemed like a long time, they finally separated again.

   Gus had to work a bit to put Randal upright again. But he was a strong young man and he managed it. However....

   "How ‘bout we get rid of some extra mass huh? Let's cut this hair once and for all. Why haven't you before now?"

   "My father would never let me. And he never brought a knife or scissors so I couldn't do it myself."

   "Well, I'll fix that!" Gus drew his dagger from its sheath around his waist and in one easy move, sliced the huge braid off at the nape of the neck.

   "Oh my God! I feel...I feel so light!! Thank you! I can't believe I was dragging that damn thing around!"

   "Well, we shouldn't let it unravel. Do you have a string or...rope or something to tie it with?"

   Randal looked around. His round tower room was bare as a prison cell and felt like it was just that most of the time too. There was a nice bed, chest of drawers, a chair and desk where he did his writings, and a bedside table, his hot plate fueled by dragon's breath, and in one section, the lavatory but other than that....nothing. Damn Walter!

   Wait! On the bedside table. The jar. And around the jar, like it was a present or something...was a red ribbon.

   Randal ran for it and slid it off the pickle jar and presented it to Gus. "Will this do?"

   "Perfect!" Gus snatched it and tied the end he was holding off in a tight knot. "There! We'll use that to escape later! So...about the pickles! What was that all about?"

   "Oh Gus...Do we have to go into all that? We were having such a lovely time. Let's just kiss some more!" Randal tried to draw Gus down onto the bed and start another make-out session.

   "Randal! No! I need to know. More importantly, I want you to know you can tell me anything! You don't have to hide anything from me. And..." he continued, "I'm not going to hide anything from you. I need to know the story behind them. I didn't come alone and the guy I'm with needs to know about them too."

   "Oh....So you came...with someone." Randal visibly shrunk away from Gus and hugged his pillow and Gus kicked himself for the way that had sounded when he had spoke. "That's cool, I guess," Randal continued, failing miserably to play it cool. "I can do a three-some...I think. Walter said he was going to bring a friend sometime but I think he was lying but who knows? But I don't think he has..."

   "NO! Randal stop! There will be no three-some! I promise! That came out badly. The guy I came...the guys...I came with...they're a couple. They have no interest in me that way. And if...and when we become involved, I'm not sharing you with anyone....well, unless we both decide. But that's a ways away, don't you think?"

   Randal nodded and smiled shakily. "No threesome?"

   "Gus sat beside him and ran his fingers through Randal's new ragged ends. "No," he told the shaky teen again and hugged him close. Randal's arms slowly went around him and hung on for dear life. He looked at the...jar and the buried his face into Gus' chest. Gus lay there with him and felt very manly and comforting but he waited. Waited for the boom to fall. Waited for the story that could very well change all their lives for the better...or the worse.

@@@@@@

   "Walter is a purveyor of a particular, personalized, pedigree of pickles," began Randal. Gus' eyes popped open wide but said nothing. He would let Randal get this out any way he wanted.

   Walter has ...he has a powerful and potent passion for pickles. A flagitious, foul fetish. This intense, insidious, iniquitous interest has dominated his desires and he has forced me to facilitate his fucked up fascination."

   "So....he has a fetish and he's made you take part?"

   "That's what I just said! Try not to interrupt!"

   "Sorry."

   "That's OK. So...he derives a disgusting delectation and a perfectly poisonous pleasure with the pernicious pickles he propels here. He bears upon me to bind him, hand and foot, to the bed and spank his scrawny seat with the pickled preserves he presents. I also have to tickle his pi -..."

   "Never mind! Maybe I don't need to hear that!" cried Gus.

   "His pits. You know, his armpits. And here...At the sides of the ribs. What did you think I was going to say?"

   Gus was too busy sagging in relief. "Never mind. I wasn't sure. At this point, it could have been....anything."

   Randal giggled. "I guess you're right. Sometimes I do get carried away. I'm a writer, you see. Helps to pass the time."

   "I see that."

   Anyway, his B.O. is bodacious. His pits are the pits. He's stick-thin and his revolting ribs stick out in relief.  Doing bondage is basically a boring bummer, at least with him.  I despise doing his desires and accommodating his awful, atrocious ass but I'm his powerless prisoner in these deep, dark, dank, deciduous, Western Woods. Also I'm sufficiently scared that his sick and salacious solicitude will slate him to seek out sickening, shocking, scandalous, not to mention, sleazy sex. I'd love to leave."

   "Then leave we shall! It's gotten dark and Brian and Justin are no doubt asleep at the camp but first thing in the morning we shall leave. Is there anything you want to take along? Clothes? Anything personal?"

   "I have a few changes of clothes...some toiletries...and my manuscripts in the desk. I'd like to take those, if I could. Other than that, this topside, tower territory is as marginal and meager as you see it. There is nothing else."

   "Oh...OK. Oh the pickles...We'll need a few. Besides...all that, I don't suppose you've eaten any?

   "The insidious idea that even one of those perfidious preserves has ever passed my lips is preposterous and perfectly...."

   "OK...OK...Never mind....Shhhh now! Let's just go to sleep now. It's over. It's all over. I won't let him near you again."

   "I'm sorry I've been sad."

   "Shhhh...Shhhh....."

   "Are you awfully angry?"

   "No...never...Shhh."

@@@@@@@

   Back at the campsite, Brian and Justin were not asleep. Well, not yet anyway.

   This was Brian's first night alone with his bootylicious blond boytoy and there was no stopping him tonight. He was taking full advantage of the situation.

   After the passionate, fiery kiss, they settled into a long, slow, languorous make out session on their picnic blanket. After a while, however, Brian felt the need to escalate things.

   "I am so hot for you," he told the blond.

   "That's because I'm so hot," bragged the blond boy.

   "Little fucker."

   "Mmmmmmm....Promises, promises," teased Justin.

   Brian groaned and smashed their lips together. He ran his hand all down the blond's beautiful body and blindly picked at his belt and then loosened it and pulled up his tunic. Justin tried the same but then realized that he wouldn't be able to remove Brian's shirtpiece without dislodging the crown.

   "Guess we're having clothes on sex," he teased.

   "Well, the important part comes off," Brian winked and pulled down his pants to reveal his glorious tumescent dick.

   Justin gasped. "Day and night...I have been dreaming of your copious cock!"

   "I've missed you so much, Sunshine!" Brian admitted.

   And Justin smiled a million watt Sunshine smile for him because he knew that was the closest he was going to get to Brian saying he loved him.

   "I see that!" Justin said, stroking over the organ with one finger and picking off the jewel of precum. He sucked his finger. "Mmmmmmm...."

   Brian made a strangled noise in his throat as his balls clenched so tight it was a toss-up between pleasure and pain.

   "Little...fucker..." he strangled out

   "Yes, you mentioned that," Justin said smoothly, "But first..." And in a single move, he engulfed Brian's cock.

   Brian was past strangling now; he merely gasped in pure pleasure. Justin bobbed and sucked faster and faster and just as Brian thought he was going insane, Justin backed off and edged him.

   "Wha - what the fuck!? Why'd you stop?" Brian was desperate and his balls were blue.

   "Just admiring the nice shade of blue I've made your balls," Justin cheekily confirmed, as he pulled off his pants.

   "Little...fucker..."

   "You keep saying that....But I think...he wagged his own capacious, colossal, and commodious cock, under Brian's nose. Brian was properly hypnotized and easily propelled down on the aforementioned organ. "Ahhh yes....you need to suck first!"

   "What....uuummmph....you doing....mmmmmm.....to me.....ohhhhhhhh......little fucker..."

   "I'm using my mind control powers on you," said Justin.

   Brian's head popped up. "Why do I have a feeling you stole my line somewhere?"

   Justin guided him back down. "No idea. You snooze, you lose. Now...back to work my hunky slave. Less talk, more cock! You're making my dick soft."

   Brian raised his eyes in a furious look at his smug blond boy with the full, cupid bow lips that reminded him that Eros himself had shot him through his ticker and indeed had made him the blond's willing love slave. Then he lowered and got back to work at the best job in his life.

@@@@@

   In the deep of the night, Randal jackknifed up, eyes wide, and screamed bloody murder.

   Gus sat up as well and reached over. "Randal! Wake up! Wake up!"

   "NOOOO!!! I won't let you touch me again!! I won't let...I won't...ZZZZZZZZZ....!!!" And he fell over again.

   "Gus shook him awake. "Randal! Are you OK?"

   "No....Noooo.....I won't let you...Won't let you...NO!!" Randal came awake in a rush. He sucked in a horrified gasp.

   "Randal!! Are you OK!? Are you awake? Don't worry! It was just a nightmare!"

   Randal clutched at him and sat up. His eyes were still wide.

   "No! I mean....I'm all right! It was...it was a doozy. I have them a lot now, but this one....this one was different. I could feel him! And when I feel him...."

   He jumped up. "Quick! We have to go now! Help me pack my things! We have to go right now!

   "What's wrong? Randal, take it easy!"

   Randal turned on the light and looked at him seriously. "No! Listen up! We have to go NOW! Certain dreams I have, leave me with a feeling....A knowing! And he's always turned up after one of them."

   Gus' blood turned cold. "You mean..."

   Randal was throwing his meager clothes into a sack. He moved on to the desk where he pulled out the drawer and just dumped the lot of scrolls and quills and a few sealed bottles of ink into the bag. He moved onto the toilet.

   "Yes! He's coming! He must have sensed you because he's coming....right now!

@@@@@@@

   As Brian bobbed up and down, faster and faster, he expertly assplayed the blond youth. Soon the teasing edger was squirming and writhing with a different desire as his ass began to itch and yearn for Brian's cock.

   "Oh God, that feels so good!" he moaned.

   Brian sucked faster and faster and just as he sensed the twink's balls tightening and his creamy center about to blow, he backed off the cock, laved his way down his balls and into the heaven known as Justin's ass.

   "What the hell do you think you're doing!!?" yelled the teen edged edger.  He groaned. He never wanted to come so bad in his life.

   "Payback's a bitch," answered Brian unrepentantly. He continued to rim the ravished, writhing rapscallion. He used more spit to lube Justin good and proper and then brought his lubed dick to his hole. Gently and slowly, taking his time, he entered him. Justin gasped at the pain but he just watched Brian's eyes, glowing in the firelight and the colors of the flowers above them and tried to relax. He trusted the Top totally. At the same time, Brian slowly, started to stroke his dick again. That marvelous tightening began again.

   At the same time the pain began to fade and there was only Brian's undisputedly huge donkey dick filling him up and stroking his prostate with every move making him come closer and closer to...

   "Don't cum yet," came Brian's smooth as silk voice out of the dark. Now Justin strangled a little in his efforts to defer to the Dom's directive.

   "Now....here's what's going to happen. I'm going to tell you something...something very secret." Brian was still stroking his dick, slowly, slowly.

   Justin nodded.

   "If you tell anyone, there will be....consequences. Understand boy?"

   Justin nodded.

   "What I tell you is going to make you cum the biggest load you've ever known. At the same time, I'm going to shoot my orgasm up that sweet, sweet ass of yours. Are you ready?"

   Justin nodded and gurgled a little. Brian was still stroking....stroking.

   "This is my control....my power over you." He leaned very close and whispered:

   "I love you."

   Justin gurgled and then screamed in joy as pleasure of every sort flooded his body. And everything that Brian had said...came to pass.

   Afterward, after he had cleaned them both up, Brian wrapped them both up in blankets by the fire. They fell asleep with limbs entwined together. They slept the deep sleep of the freshly fucked.

   Later, not even a distant scream, and then the rustle of bushes and branches around them as a huge animal moved through them, could wake them.

@@@@@@

   Gus shook off the last bits of his sleepiness and sprang into action. He had no idea what was going on but if Randal was sufficiently scared enough to jump ship, he wasn't going to argue.

   While Randal gathered his stuff from the bathroom, Gus grabbed one end of the hair/rope and tied it off tightly to the ugly little troll drainspout. Then he threw the rest of it out the window where it would hang forevermore.

   Randal was finishing up and staring with distaste at the hated pickle jar.

   "Man, I really hate to bring this thing. Just knowing it's going to waste space in my bag makes me cringe."

   "I know. But Brian and Justin really need it. Once we meet up with them, I'm sure Brian will take it off your hands."

   "I hope so," Randal said and packed the pickles.

   There was a puff of black smoke and Walter Shickle appeared by the window.

   "Well, well, well!! Planning on purloining some pickles, my precious?" he asked.

   Randal was frozen in fear at the wisping in of the wicked warlock. He managed: "Don't...don't call me that!"

   "What was that....my precious?"

   Taking a deep breath and drawing on reserves he never knew he had, Randal yelled, "Don't call me that, you PERVERT!! I'll never do any of your disgusting, deplorable, despicable, detestable, depraved, and all together dreadful desires, EVER AGAIN!"

   "Randal, what are you trying to say?" Walter said in seeming confusion.

   Randal just made a wordless, feral noise, he was so angry.

   "I think the gentleman made himself perfectly...crystal clear!" Gus said, in what he hoped was a brave voice that he wasn't feeling. He drew his dagger and held it out in front of him. "Now stand aside, witch! We're leaving! Get in our way and die!"

   "Ahhhh, the brave and handsome hero!" sneered Walter, "Well, my prince, are you sure that's the part you'd like to play? Remember....you're not a hero...until you're dead!"

   He pointed a finger and a laser of green magic zapped out and hit Gus in the chest. Gus was blasted over and stuck to the wall. He struggled but he couldn't move and he couldn't breathe. He started to choke.

   "ARRRRGGGH!!" Randal was mobilized into action. "You wretched, wicked witch! Here! You want your pickles so bad! Here! Have them back!  Munch on your monstrous, macabre, malediction. Taste your terrible...."

   "Randal....hurry!" wheezed Gus.

   "Oh right! Eat this, you SADISTIC SHIT! This one whacked your wrinkly butt!" And he plucked a pickled preserve and rammed it down the repellent, repugnant, revolting, and all together rotten reprobate's throat.

   Walter began to chew and a blissful expression passed over his shriveled face, as if he tasted the nectar of the gods.

   Randal grew and saw red with anger. "Oh you like that!? Well, have another!!" And he shoved another one whole down his throat. "That one tickled your repulsive ribs!"

   The new pickle stuffed the stuff already in there farther down his throat. Walter began to choke.

   "NOW DIE!" Randal screamed and shoved the weakened warlock out the window. Walter gave a choked and weakened wail that faded as he fell to his doom.

   There was a flash and Gus fell to the floor, coughing and choking for a few seconds until he managed to suck in a huge breath and get his wind back.

   "Oh thank God! Gus, are you all right!" Randal was at Gus' side in an instant and helped him up.

   "I'm all right! Let's just get the hell out of here!" And without any further ado, they gathered up their belongings including the rest of those hateful pickles and climbed out the window and started down the braid.

   They were only 2 or three jumps down when a huge black cloud starting billowing up toward them. In horror, they saw the top half coalesce into the waist up of Walter Shickle!

   "AHHHH HAAA, HAA, HAA, HAA, HAAAAAAA!" the huge version of the Witch laughed horribly, "You fool! How do you think I get here every day! You can't kill me! Especially like that! I can teleport, you idiots!"

   "Oh yeah! I don't believe it! Prove it! Teleport somewhere where it's noon!" yelled Gus.

   Walter face twisted as sour as a lemon which was a fantastic feat in itself because it was already sucking on two pickles.

   "That sort of thing isn't going to work on me, boy!" he yelled, " How stupid do you think I am? I'm a witch, not a troll!!"

   "Rats," murmured Gus.

   Walter made a couple of spitting noises and the two pickles Randal had shoved up there, whizzed down do the ground and stuck halfway in.

   "You disgusting pig! You're both!" yelled Randal.

   "I don't really pay attention to the opinions of dead men!" said huge Walter.

   He pointed his finger again and there was another laser of magic that hit the pickles. The pickles changed and stretched and grew and tangled into vines. The vines groped and grabbed and grew up the side of the tower and extended out into a huge tangled bush with each vine growing as thick as a man's arm. And out of each little bump on the pickles, grew a huge thorn, some like daggers and some as long and sharp as a sword! And the whole thing was right underneath them!

   "I'm quite sure at the very least, those thorns will put your eye out! And at the very most they'll go right through your brain! NOW DIE!!!" the Witch screamed, throwing back his words at him.

   Walter reached out an ethereal hand and slashed with nails as long and sharp as Gus' dagger. He sliced cleanly through the braid just above Randal.

   "YAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" screamed the young men as they plunged to their death. Walter watched, laughing horribly.

   "WHHHEEEEEEEE-HEEEE-HEEEEE-HEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" SMMMAAASSSSHHHHH!!!!!

   Out of the branches of the tallest trees, smashing them like toothpicks came Arrow. He was twice as big as he was before and he was completely made of fire. He flew over to the boys in a second, just in time to catch Randal square on his saddle and pluck Gus out of the air with his mouth. Gus stopped falling about two inches away from the thorns plunging into his eyeball. Then he was up and away, his collar in Arrow's fiery mouth.

   Only it didn't burn. It...tickled. And then there was no more time to think about it because Arrow threw him up into the air, past the tower, past the trees, higher and higher still.

   "YAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" he screamed, as he flew up and away from certain death. Hey!! It was still scary!

@@@@@@

   Justin loved the feel of Brian's strong arms around him as he slept but all through his dreams people were arguing. He tried pushing that away to get back to the good parts but it didn't work. Then he heard ARRRRGGH!!...and SADISTIC SHIT!!...and his eyes popped open.

   Brian was waking up too. "Did I just hear someone say ‘sadistic shit'?"

   "I think so. Everything's gone quiet now. The camp is safe and empty at least. And the fire's still bright and warm. I think we'll be..."

   "Wait a minute! Empty! Where's the fur-bag!?"

   Justin sat up, wide awake at last. "You're right! He's gone! Where could he..."

   "NOW DIE!!" the words came faintly but unmistakingly.

   The two looked at each other and breathed out, "Holy shit!" at the same time.

   They dressed in a flash, gathered their shit together even faster, smothered the fire, doused it with a bit of water to make sure and were out of there.

   There was now a VERY loud evil laugh that they were able to follow, more yelling and arguing, and then quite suddenly they were there and plunging out of the trees into the tower clearing just as: "You disgusting pig! You're both!" was defiantly heard.

@@@@@@

   "YAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH-HAAA-HAAA-HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" screamed Gus, his fear turning to elation as he rose so fast it seemed he was falling upwards. This felt incredible! I mean, it might not feel so incredible when he started to descend but he'd cross that bridge when he got to it.

   All to soon, he started to slow and then there was a bizarre weightless feeling as he hung there in the air for one second. And then he turned over and crossed that bridge as he started to fall. He was so far up the tower looked like a toy and the players merely ants. They started getting bigger in a hurry though. Gus gulped.

   Meanwhile, Arrow made a turning pass and then headed back toward that detestable tower. He blew out and it was like a flame thrower that was cooking with gas. A flat file of forced flame flumed through the window and Arrow smashed through the window and wall, blowing through, and blowing up the top half of the tower. The roof was blown to smithereens and the bricks of the tower were pulverized to bits the size of playing cards.

   Arrow swooped around again and climbed and caught Gus on his back as if that was the plan all along. Which it was.

   The horse of flame banked around again and headed directly for Walter who was still huge and smoky out his butt like an evil genie. Arrow gave a decidedly unhorse-like snarl and a roar and he blew such a breath of fire at the Witch that it had to be seen to be believed and would become the stuff of legends in ages to come.

   The upper half of the Witch was engulfed in flame and the rest of him became an enormous pillar of fire and smoke that reached upward till it was almost twice what the tower used to be.

   The Witch screamed in pain and anguish as he was horribly burned on all levels, bodily and magically. His power waned and he screamed as his smoke was forcibly sucked inward, imploding in upon itself and shrinking back, back, back down, until it disappeared entirely and he was left as he really was, a pathetic, old perv in a black cloak, kneeling on his hands and knees.

   Arrow landed and shrank back to his normal huge size and his fire went out. He approached the wicked man, his nostrils flaring flame with every noisy breath. Gus and Randal stared down in hate.

   "No! No! Please don't hurt me!" Walter groveled, sounding all pathetic and weak. "You've weakened my magic and everything! I'm no threat anymore! Please don't kill me!"

   Arrow huffed, turned his head to let one red eye pierce Gus' soul and huffed again, flaring out a fearsome flame like an explosive sneeze. ‘It's up to you!'...he was clearly saying.

   "You were not going to show us the same courtesy a few minutes ago! You're disgusting and depraved! You sexually and mentally abused and traumatized the person who you saw as your son! You deserve to die!" yelled Gus.

   Arrow gave a fierce whinny and raised his hooves to administer the final blow.

   "OOOHHH! Urrrrrgggh! My heart! My heart! Ohhhhhhh!" Walter grabbed his chest and keeled over in the throes of a heart attack. He spasmed and twitched a bit and was still. He was dead.

   Arrow moved around him and headed toward the forest. They all breathed a sigh of relief.

   "Good riddance to bad rubbish!" said Gus.

   "Let's just get out of here. Let's try and find your friends," said Randal.

   "No need, boys! We're right here!" said Brian, stepping more fully into the clearing.

   There were joyful ejaculations all around.

   "But when did you get here?" asked Gus at last.

   "Well we woke up when everything started going down and death threats started getting yelled around. But I really think we only got here at about: ‘You disgusting pig!'" said Justin.

   They all laughed. They packed up and Brian and Justin clambered aboard and they prepared for take-off.

   "Oh....by the way Walter! You may as well get up! I know you're faking!" yelled Randal.

   Walter didn't move. The others looked at him in amazement.

   "Come on Walter! Drop the other shoe! I know you're there!" To the others he said, "He'd pull that trick on me all the time whenever he thought he needed a sympathy boost. But I caught on after a while and humored him sometimes but other times, I'd leave him lying there and go read or take a dump, or both. Guess who'd be gone when I got back?"

   "CURSE YOU!" Walter sat up at fast as a blink. "What I saw in you as a son, I'll never know! But what's mine is mine and what is mine I keep! If I can't have him, then neither can you! Stay here and stand as silent stone statues! Stand guard as sentinels of the forest without ceasing!" He pointed a finger and a cold, grey beam shot out, heading straight for them!

   They all screamed and flinched at this unexpected attack. However, at the last second, just when they thought they were done for, the cold, grey beam struck a green barrier just before it would have hit Arrow.

   They all were astonished, including Walter. He tried again, harder this time. It hit the barrier again but he kept it up. They could now see the green barrier was a magic domed shield originating from Brian's flower crown.  Walter kept it up for a few more seconds before the cold, grey beam flashed, flickered, and fizzled out. Walter slumped to the ground, exhausted. His power was all used up.

   "Dammit! How? You have Midsummer Magic!?" he managed to croak out.

   "That's right!" Brian said brightly, adjusting his crown to an even jauntier angle, if that was possible. "So suck on that! Looks like you can't touch us! Boys! Let's give him the send off salute!"

   Four men as one gave the creepy faker the fuck-you finger.

   "Curse you! Curse this ground, these ruins, and you! It won't be Midsummer forever! One of these days, one day soon, your magic will fail you and when it does, I'll be all over you like white on rice! Then I'll get you! I'll get you all!!!!" He gave a horrible cackle and roar and his pillar of smoke blasted 20 feet in the air. There was a deep sonorous roar and the ground shook. The smoke cleared and he was gone at last.

   There was a moment of silence. Then: "I hate to ask but did you manage to keep any of the pickles?" asked Justin.

   Randal checked. "Yes. There's two left in the jar."

   Brian sighed in relief. "Thank heavens. And thank you, guys. I know that wasn't easy for you. You both were very brave up there."

   "Thanks Bri," said Gus, "It wasn't easy."

   "Yeah, thanks," Randal said a bit curtly, "But let's save the patting ourselves on the back for later and get outta here, huh? You heard him. This is cursed ground now. I'd like to get away from here as quickly as possible and never look back."

   And that's just what they did. Arrow gave a run and a jump and never hit the ground. His powerful wings flapped hard and rhythmically and in no time they were above the trees and headed back the way they had come.

   He lit the way by his breath and didn't stop for an hour whereupon he set them down at another small lake. It was still a few hours before dawn. It was only a few hours before dawn. And so, after making camp, Brian put on the collar, kissed his beloved in a way that he would deny to the death was tender, and gave the crown to Justin.

   A few seconds later, an owl was flying across the lake, higher and higher, silohouetted against the silvery full moon.

TBC

 

 

 

End Notes:

A/N: You may be wondering why I chose to end the chapter in such a way. I'll explain in next chapter but it's pretty simple. You probably can figure it out.

 

PLEASE REVIEW!!


Chapter 10 - The Huntsman Who Never Killed Anything. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

 

I know it hasn't seemed like it but I've been on a writing binge and have written out 3 chapters as one. However, I'm splitting them up and will post every day or two. Third one is under construction so may take a few days before it's ready. In the meantime, please enjoy....and REVIEW! I love hearing what you think!

Chapter 10

The Huntsman Who Never Killed Anything

   "Oh my!" cried Randal, who had got a nasty shock seeing one of them turn into a bird. He was not yet privy to the details of the curse. What happened? Is the Midsummer magic over already?"

   "Everything's all right," replied Justin, still watching the owl fly over the lake. "He chose to do this. He'll be back."

   "But why?" asked Randal.

   "It's only a few hours ‘til dawn. He gave me the garland to wear so I could sleep without being changed with the sunrise. Meanwhile, he's going to do some night fishing and by the time it's light we'll have quite a few fish for breakfast. You see... there he goes..."

   And indeed, the owl dropped below the moon suddenly into the dark and there was a splashing.

@@@@@@

The next morning...

   Justin awoke to the smell of frying fish.  The other two men were being slowly roused as well despite them only getting a few hours sleep.

   "Good morning! Aren't you all a lot of layabeds!" chirped Brian from beside the fire.

   "Easy for you to say," You just spent the last bit as a nocturnal," grumped Justin.

   "Oh now don't be grumpy! Besides, by that logic, I ought to be the sleepy one. I haven't been to sleep since I left you guys,"

   "You'll probably fall asleep in the saddle again," grumped Justin quietly, but holding out his mug for coffee nevertheless.

   "Beg pardon?" He poured from the percolator.

   "Nothing."

   "Drink your coffee."

   "Yes dear."

   "That earned a smirk, a smile with lips curled over and a sudden and passionate kiss that curled Justin's toes.

   "I didn't used to. But I love being your dear."

   "God I missed you. Even for those couple of hours."

   "Me too. Sorry I'm grumpy. I don't sleep well without you."

   "Neither do I."

   "Are they always like this?" asked Randal.

   "Oh no," yawned Gus. "Most of the time....they're much worse." He pulled the covers over their heads and went back to sleep.

   "Little wiseass," Brian said affectionately.

   "Never mind him. Let's be worse!"

   Brian smiled and lay down next to him. They pulled the covers higher and...well; they were very, very bad.

@@@@@@

   Arrow was very indulgent with them and let them have the whole day there. As soon as Gus found this out, he whooped and then told the others and they whooped and went swimming and fishing and berry picking and when it grew too dark to do anything, lit a fire and told Randal of all their adventures, of Craig and his evil curse, the cow as white as milk, and how Gus was rescued by Justin in much the same way he was rescued by Gus. Then it was time for bed and it was much different and much nicer and cosier to roll up together in their pairs on either side of the fire. It also felt like a real day of camping since Randal was there and the urgency to get him was gone.

   Next morning however, Arrow was alarming them awake and hurrying them on; it was business as usual.

   For that day and all the next, nothing much happened. They flew, had their noon rest, flew, and camped for the night.

   On the third day, around the mid of midday, Arrow suddenly banked to the right a bit, flew southeast for a while and passed over a village. Shortly after that, he dropped and flew into the trees, down some more and alighted nicely onto a forest dirt road. He trotted a little further, went even slower, and turned suddenly left into the trees where there was a hidden trail. He walked carefully down this trail for quite a while as if searching for something. He stopped and waited. He listened with all his might. Then suddenly, he turned left and went off trail, making a trail for about a mile. And then....he stopped...and Gus could tell they were there...wherever they were.

   "Look!" cried Randal, pointing.

   A little ways off to the right of them was a young man of about fifteen, dressed all in soft, supple leather. He was creeping toward an unsuspecting mountain lion lying on a rock sunning itself.

   The young man had on supple, form fitting boots that reached up to his thighs. He wore brown leather pants, a leather belt that carried an assortment of knives and a few other compartments for other tools. He wore a matching brown leather jerkin.  He wore a soft, leather headpiece that covered the crown of his head and reached down to fit as a mask over 3/4th s of his face. On his back was a quiver of short arrows and over his hands were skin tight, leather gloves. He carried a crossbow.

   "Brian! Justin! What do you think we should do?....Bri? I said what are we...oh for God's sake, really?"

   Gus had looked over and realized Brian and Justin were outright and outrageously ogling the young man.

   "So much leather....." murmured Justin.

   "Gaaaaaaahhhhhhh.........maassskk..." Brian's coherence level was at minimum.

   Gus considered whapping them upside the head but then hesitated. He sighed. What would be the point?

   The young man carefully fitted his crossbow with an arrow.  He crept silently forward. He either didn't notice them or paid them no mind.

   The wildcat slept on.

   The leathered huntsman crept from tree to tree. Ever closer to his prey he came...

   SNAP! He stepped on a twig.

   GRRROOWWRRRR!!!!!! The wildcat was instantly on her feet. She spotted him in seconds.

   The young man was unwilling to give up. He aimed his crossbow but his hands shook a little. He fired. The shot went wild and fired too much to the left.

   The wildcat was enraged. She screamed...tensed...

   The young huntsman was rushing....hurrying to reload....

   The wildcat jumped straight at his chest and screamed again, in rage and triumph.

   He fired.

   They all disappeared.

   "What the HELL!?" yelled Brian. The others made similar agreements.

   The wildcat was back asleep on the rock. There was a rustling in the bushes and...here came the huntsman!

   The huntsman crept up on his prey. SNAP! The wildcat leapt. The huntsman fired. And they all disappeared.

   The huntsmen came again. He crept up on his prey. SNAP! The wildcat leapt, he fired and...reset.

   They watched it again. And again...And again. And...

   "What the HELL..."said Brian.

   "...Is going on here?" finished Justin.

   "I think I know," said Randal, "Walter used to mention something like this when he would taunt me that no one would or could ever come for me. He said that there were many areas of the forest that were enchanted and if you stepped into them, it would throw you back into time a little. And because you were thrown back, you wouldn't realize it until the point at which you were thrown back again. So the hapless victim was doomed to just keep repeating and repeating and...and....well, like a time loop. There was no escape."

   The huntsman fired. The wild cat leapt. Reset.

   "But how do we stop it?" asked Gus in distress. "My God, that poor man! He may have been repeating that loop for days....a year..."

   "Many years. Centuries even," Randal said sadly, "That poor man! And I have no idea what to do. Walter never said how the damn things were broken."

   Reset.

   "That's it!" cried Justin, "We'll just break the loop! If we break the pattern of behavior, the loop will not start and they'll all be broken free!"

   "Or we could start a whole new loop and be caught in it ourselves!" Randal said. "We have to be very careful."

   After a lot of deliberation it was decided that they would try and break the loop at the last possible second. They set up position and...

   The huntsman crept toward his prey...SNAP! The wildcat woke. She screamed and tensed. The shot fired to the left. The wildcat screamed again. The huntsman struggled to reload.

   "Get ready!" yelled Gus.

   The huntsman aimed...his finger was on the trigger...

   "NOW!" yelled Gus.

   Justin made a chopping motion on the huntsman's arms and ruined his shot. The shot went wild and thunked into a tree high above everything.

   The wildcat jumped. Brian, who was also right there, tackled the huntsman off to the side and out of the way.

   The wildcat landed right where they had been and screamed and roared again. She turned to face the three men and roared and growled again. She hesitated. She was confused. There had only been one man-beast when she had jumped. Now there were three. She looked over and saw a huge horse-beast that she had never seen before as well. What was going on?

   "BAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" yelled Brian as loud as he could.

   The wildcat was sufficiently scared. She ran off into the forest and was swallowed up by the trees.

   There was a rippling wave of magic that radiated out rushing through all the grass and bushes. The grass in the area looked a little taller and a little different. There were a few smaller trees in the area that were a few feet taller now.

   "Umm...I think you can get off of me now," came a voice underneath Brian.

   "Oh...right," Brian sheepishly rolled off the young man. They all gasped.

   Because instead of a gangly 15 year old, Brian had rolled off a young man in his twenties with full, kissable lips, a deep chest, muscular arms and legs that rivaled some of the tree trunks around him.

   The man sat up slowly and pulled off the headpiece/mask in wonder. He had shoulder length black hair. Brian decided to classify his face as "fuckable."

   "Oh my God!" he said, "It's over? Really over? Thank you all so much! I couldn't stop! I couldn't break the loop!"

   "How long were you trapped?" asked Justin.

   "Eight years...it's been eight long years," said the huntsman. "I was fifteen and on my first solo hunt. My dad...my dad must think I'm dead. And that means I'm....23 and...DAMN!!! I turned out good!"

   They all chuckled.

   "We saw a village not too far back. Is that where you're from? We could give you a lift...Uh...."

   "Hunter. My name's Hunter Bruckner. My dad...he's gay but he adopted me. I was getting into trouble but he was training me in tanning and making leather. That's why I was out hunting. I was going to get some animals for their hides. But then...this happened. Geez...my dad must have thought I ran away."

   "Well, you didn't. You couldn't help the time loop. Let's take you back to the village and see if we can find Ben. We'll straighten it out," Justin said.

   Arrow was strenuously against yet another passenger but Gus petted his snout softly and whispered, "Pleeeeeaaase, Arrow...It's just to the village. For me? Please...?"

   Arrow huffed and then sighed as if this was a huuuuge imposition but in the end he concentrated and grew a size and the saddle was big enough for five. They all thanked him....well, Brian said, "Thanks fur-bag," and got his butt lit on fire for his rudeness. They all laughed hysterically at him running around and then rolling on the ground to put out the flames. Even Arrow gave a horsey, whinny-ing laugh at the flaming queer.

   At last the flames were out and...in the end....Brian's butt was bare. But there was nothing to be done so they got going.

   The trip to the village had no more incidents but they did confirm that as Hunter was hunting that made him a huntsman and since that was his solo mission, he hadn't killed anything! He could make their suit!!

   "You any good?" asked Brian gruffly. His pride was still smarting along with his ass.

   "I made everything I'm wearing," Hunter bragged, "Besides...looks like you're in no position to haggle...Mr. Barebutt!"

   "Laugh it up, Leather-boy!" growled Brian.

   "Uhhh...So, Hunter!" Justin tried to deflect, "I can understand everything you're wearing there, but why the mask?"

   "Keeps the hair outta my face! Plus...it looked... looks smokin' hot!"

   They all heartily agreed.

@@@@@@

   The spectacle of a huge black horse roughly the size of an elephant, with wings and snorting flame did not cause the happy occasion the adventuring travelers had hoped. Actually it had the opposite effect entirely.

   Every villager, man, woman and child, panicked, screamed and scattered. Doors and shutters slammed. Stalls and shops closed faster and tighter than a preacher's ass on Sunday. In a few minutes the main street was deserted and a few seconds after that the outside of the woodland whistle-stop was withdrawn in a widespread way.

   Did I say every villager? Oooops. My mistake. One lone man who was shopping for fruit wondered what the wonder was and furthermore what was going down. The man was muscular and showed no fear as the black horse barreled down upon him because he was only focused on who was riding it. The man had big arms and a deep chest and wore wire rimmed spectacles. They were the only ones to look past the horse and focus on a certain leather-clad lad with long black hair.

   The sack of apples the man was carrying dropped to the ground unnoticed. The bag tipped over and a few luscious red apples fell out.

   Arrow gave a happy whinny and pranced over and ate one of the apples. All the buildings shook a little with every step.

   Hunter jumped off and landed right in front of Ben. "Papa? Do you know me?"

   "Yes. I know you. Or....I know...who you used to be."

   "But....what do you mean?"

   "I had a teenager, a good boy who was leaving his dark past behind. I was teaching him a good trade, to be a leatherworker. But he left me, returned to his life of crime, without even leaving me a note and left me heartbroken. I'm not sure who you are."

   "Papa! No! That's not what happened!"

   "And who are these men? Your gang? Have you come to disgrace me further and pillage the village?"

   "Pillage the - oh Papa, no, of course not! These men are my friends. I just met them. They rescued me."

   Everyone else was disembarking as well and Brian held his hat with the owl feather over his bum. "I wouldn't mind pillaging some pants," he muttered. Everyone ignored him.

   "Papa, I was hunting and I got caught in a time loop. That was 8 years ago. These men just broke the loop and when the dust settled, I was like this. I still feel 15 in a lot of aspects and in every aspect, I still feel like your son."

   "A time loop? Really? So...all this time...that means....Oh God...I'm so sorry, son! I didn't even look...I just assumed...I'm... so sorry..." He began to weep.

   Hunter enfolded him in a gentle but all encompassing bear hug.  "I never left. Not like that. I wasn't in a life of crime. I promise."

   Ben just cried harder. His shoulders shook as he hugged his long lost son.

   Hunter picked up the sack of apples and held one out to Arrow who nickered hopefully. He had shrunk a bit, to what he hoped was the size of a real horse. It wasn't. Hunter smiled and threw it high in the air. There was a flash of flame and Arrow caught it flash baked on the way down.

   He put his other arm around his dad. "Come on....let's go home," Hunter said.

@@@@@@

   Later, at the small apartment over the leather working shop, Hunter was able to tell Ben and the others of all the details that led to his hunt of the wildcat and consequential magical incarceration. Arrow was out back with a nice overhang and a large bag of oats.

   Ben said, "Of course, you all will stay with us."

   "Are you sure we won't cramp your style?" Brian asked, Are you sure we can't stay at the inn or whatever?"

   "There is no inn," Ben replied. "Travelers are few and visitors are fewer. It's mostly just us, this deep in the forest and we support ourselves with hunting and our crops and a few natural orchards. There's us or there are the streets or forest. And you're better off here, if the forest is that riddled with such awful traps."

   "In that case, we accept. Thank you very much," said Justin. We'll try and not make a nuisance out of ourselves." The others agreed. "Besides, we'll only be here long enough for Hunter to make a suit for Brian. Hunter, how long will that be?"

   "Hmmmm. Well, I have to re-learn a few things. And since I can't do it, I might need one of you to go out and catch me a deer or two. And judging by Brian's height and body type....I'd say....about 2 weeks."

   "Two weeks!" screamed four voices in horror.

TBC


Chapter 11 - Two Weeks. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

The boys adjust to forest life while the suit is made and Arrow makes a new....friend. Well, that's all I'm saying anyway. A bit o'filler until the next chapter which is truly pointless.

Enjoy!


Dedicated to everyone who's been reviewing and everyone who does review this chapter! Your support means alot to me and keeps me typing!

 

Chapter 11

Two Weeks

 

 

 

   Two weeks seemed interminably long to all four young men. Brian and Justin wanted to get home yesterday, Gus wanted to marry Randal, and Randal just wanted to see the back of forest life once and for all. Two more weeks in this woodsy wasteland seemed unbearable.

 

   Finally, after a lot of depressed moaning all round, Justin managed to pull himself together and suggested to all that they just take everything moment by moment. First thing to do was get Brian some new pants and to see if they had sufficient leather on hand for such a project.

 

   So that's what they did. Gus and Randal and Hunter stayed at home and Hunter went to inspect the workshop and Gus went to inspect Arrow and make sure he was OK.

 

   Meantime, Brian and Justin went shopping and Ben went with them to inform the town there was no threat.

 

   They strode down Main Street and Ben bellowed. "You can all come out now! The horse was friendly! We have guests! We have guests and heroes who brought back my son! Please come out!"

 

   Eventually, windows and doors started to crack open and finally one officious, spherically fat man with a monocle, top hat, and a cane came out of a particularly large, stone building.

 

   Oy! Oy! What's that? The demon's gone!?" Are you sure Benny?"

 

   "Hello Mayor! Yes, everything's fine! It's fine! There was no demon! It was just these good men here!"

 

   "No demon! Of course there was a demon! Why do you think we all ran inside? Wait...what men?"

 

   "These men! This is Brian and Justin! And that was their horse! It was a flying horse! But it's OK now and the horse is back to normal!"

 

   "There's nothing normal about that flea-bag!" growled Brian.

 

   Justin smiled a sunshine smile and dazzled the mayor. He gave Brian a not-so gentle elbow to the ribs and stepped forward.

 

   "Hello Mayor. I'm Justin. We've come from many miles to the east just to see your wonderful little town. Isn't that wonderful?" He smiled again and the mayor beamed back at the words, ‘wonderful town'."

 

   "We rode in on a very courageous horse. We're sorry that he scared everyone. But he wouldn't hurt a fly."

 

   "Tell my pants that," growled Brian.

 

   "Not...helping!!" Justin sang.

 

   "But the wings....and the fire...and the scary...."

 

   "He won't breathe any more fire and the wings are a part of his charm! I could take you for a ride! Have you ever been flying, Mayor?"

 

   "Can't say I've ever had the, uh...pleasure," the Mayor said looking a little green around the gills.

 

   "Ohhhh, you'll looooovvve it!" raved Justin, still shamelessly shmoozing the mayor. It was working though. Justin now was walking slowly down the street with his arm around the mayor's shoulder like they had been best buddies their entire lives.

 

   "I'll bring you by to meet Arrow a little later. Right now, I'm afraid my partner had a...little mishap involving his pants. Can you recommend a shop where we could buy a pair? Maybe...persuade them to....open up?" Justin batted his baby blues benevolently.

 

   "Mishap, my ass..." growled Brian.

 

   Justin chose to ignore this completely. He smiled again dazzlingly bright and the mayor was caught in its spell. "Yes...it was an accident though...just an accident...while we were bringing Hunter Bruckner home. He was trapped in a time loop, you know."

 

   "Trapped? I thought you said he ran away, Ben?"

 

   "I thought he did. I was so sad. But now he's been rescued by these gentlemen here. He's home at last!" Ben said.

 

   "Rescued!! Why...then you folks are heroes! Even if you do have a scary horse! Hey, everybody! Come out! Come out! Come out and meet the handsome heroes who fell from the sky and rescued Hunter Bruckner from enchantment!" the mayor yelled, and slowly, more and more doors began to open, people began to emerge and began to gawk at Brian and Justin as if they were...well, heroes. And one by one the stores began to open again at last.

 

   The mayor himself escorted them to a shop called StoryBrooks Brothers and once they had opened up, he paid for not only a new pair of pants but an entire new suit of clothes for each of them. Justin made sure that the suits they chose had button up shirts that could easily be taken off even if one was wearing a hat....

 

   When they emerged, the street was full. The gossip hounds had been at work full force and everyone had come out to see the newcomers. The mayor made a little speech and introduced them and the villagers cheered and raved and music broke out and suddenly they all found themselves in the middle of a street party.

 

   Eventually, Gus, Randal, and Hunter began to wonder why they didn't come home and then heard the music and fuss and came to investigate. Of course, this led to Hunter being discovered and cheered for and screamed at and raved over and surrounded by beautiful women almost instantly. Of course, this led to Hunter being in seventh heaven; he was straight, after all.  The party intensified and went on, late into the night.

 

@@@@@@

 

   The next two weeks was harder than they thought on all of them.

 

   Despite Ben's objections, they could all feel the cramp of the living setup. One small apartment above a shop was not enough space for 6 people. The bathroom was always engaged. Brian and Justin were pretty sure the lot of them were eating Ben out of house and home, although Ben always objected otherwise. However, when Justin watched him go to the market twice in one day and yet only eat a quarter of what they were all eating, he began to smell a rat.

 

   The living room always had at least 3 people in it and at night, all of them were there, huddled in their separate corners. They even tried sectioning off the room with sheets for contrived privacy. But this only worked to a degree. Of course, there was no opportunity to fuck. And this, of course, was the straw that broke Brian's back.  And so, after only a few days, Brian and Justin began to make enquiries around town.

 

   For a few days there was nothing. The townsfolk were grateful but there was only so far people were willing to go with gratitude. However, they all promised to keep their eye out and spread the word around.

 

   And every night, they would come home defeated but Ben remained optimistic and said, "Don't worry. Just give it a few more days and let the word spread. Gossip is like water in this town. People drink it up like they need it and it flows stronger in certain channels. Be sure to tell....this person.....this person....this person.....and.....oh this one." He consulted a special paper in a drawer. "Be sure to make out like it's no big deal or even like it's a secret. It'll be all over the village by the next day."

 

   They saw that they had only talked to one of the people on the list and so, the next day, they followed Ben's instructions and told the others.

 

   It was true there was no inn in the village but there was a tavern/diner. And the very next day, the pleasingly plump, waitress with frizzy, red hair was waiting for them at the door when they ventured out on their rounds.

 

   "I hear ‘yer looking for a room to rent," she whispered conspiratorially after she had frantically waved them over, to the point where a dozen other people thought she was waving to them or having some sort of seizure.

 

   "Uh...yes, that's right," Justin confirmed.

 

   "My name's Deb. I can't talk long....oh hold your horses Hardy!....But I might be able to help you out. I'll talk to the owner of this hash slinger and...

 

   "Hey!!" yelled a voice in the back.

 

   "Oh shut it Hardy...you know it is!" screamed Deb into the back so fearsomely that a pyramid of glasses shook. "And you! I don't wanna hear a word! Just grab a lemon bar and hold on...I'm coming!"

 

   "Anyway, Sunshine!" she turned back to Justin, switching moods faster than a drag queen does outfits during showtime. She wrapped an arm around his shoulder and squeezed tightly, instinctively going into mother hen mode. "I might be able to help you out. I'll talk to the owner...of this joint...(Here she rolled her eyes)...and talk to him about the room in back. It's a storeroom usually but it's not harvest time yet so it's dead empty and useless. Come see."

 

   She really didn't give them a chance to say no as she dragged Justin till his arm was practically coming out of the socket. Brian smirked and sauntered along behind like he'd been forgotten. He didn't mind though. One look at his sky blue eyes, corn yellow, silky blond hair and gay flower crown and people turned their attention to him like a sunflower does to the sun.

 

   The room indeed was completely empty. There was a door leading out the back, and a small window. Other than that it was simply four walls and a roof but it was clean and it was shelter enough for two after the cots had been brought in.

 

   "What do you think?" Justin asked Brian.

 

   "It's clean enough. And four is better than six. We could move here and Gus and Randal could have Hunter's room until we get outta here. And Hunter could continue with the couch. So...what's the catch?" he asked Deb.

 

   "Quite right. If it were up to me, I'd let you have it....but Hardy....well, as I said, I'll talk to him but you'll have to offer something in return. And he'll most assuredly take it out in trade. I'm afraid that will probably mean one of you helping me out in the diner every day."

 

   "I'll do it," said Justin without hesitation.

 

   "Sunshine...are you sure?" asked Brian.

 

   "Yes. It'll give me something to do, you can continue to help Hunter with anything that I'm too squeamish to deal with and then we'll have our own little pad."

 

   Brian knew better than to argue with that tone, so he simply shrugged; they let Deb go talk to Hardy and within a few minutes Sunshine was happily conscripted into servitude. He kissed his Sunshine goodbye and went to tell the rest of them that Justin had a job.

 

@@@@@@

 

A week later:

 

   The suit, that is, a full tunic, pants, and gloves for Brian was coming along well. They figured on Brian because they were most assuredly going to confront Craig in daylight and after he had showed them the cure, Brian was chomping at the bit to separate his head from his shoulders.

 

    At no extra cost, Hunter was making the gloves supple and skintight on the hands and long enough to be elbow high gauntlets. He also was making sturdy knee high boots that could be folded down to thigh high. Both Brian and Justin tried to talk him out of the extra work but it was no use. After his long imprisonment, Hunter reveled in the work and besides, he said he would do it as his own personal "fuck you" to the especially evil entity that had wrought this crushing, craptactular, contemptible, crummy conundrum of a curse.

 

   Justin was doing well. He looked adorable in the green shirt and white full apron they gave him as a uniform. He wore a gauzy hairnet over the flowers. He was efficient, brought food at the right time and didn't sass back to Deb or Hardy. He gave the customers a bit of sass, but they loved it and tipped him more. His ass was constantly grabbed by both men and women. He would never let it go farther than that, however, and it became rather tiresome but he endured it. It was only for a week and a half after all.

 

   It became even easier when Gus and Randal would spell him either for a few hours or even an entire shift and give him the day off. Gus and Randal didn't want to sit there at Ben's all day doing nothing, and Hardy didn't care who did it as long as Justin's shift got done. Granted, Gus and Randal weren't as good as Justin who seemed to take to serving like a duck to water but they did a good enough job.

 

   Brian came every day, twice a day. He also came to sit in the diner!

 

   He came once in the late morning for what he claimed was a coffee and for the lemon bars. Then he would sit at the counter and shamelessly ogle Justin as he worked. After about an hour or two of this, Justin would give him his tips he had gotten so far to take to Ben, pat his exquisite ass and sent him on his way. The second time was always just before sunset; no one could really figure out why. He always enquired how much longer and Justin would always say: ‘Just one more hour, my love.' Brian would leave and exactly an hour later. Justin would learn to be ready or almost ready because at exactly the appointed hour, Brian would grab him by the belt loops and drag him out the door, sometimes with his heels dragging on the floor.

 

   They would go to Ben's for a big group dinner, and afterwards kiss everyone goodbye, (on the cheek, honestly!!) well, most of the time!...and then headed to their room, locked themselves in and spent the rest of the night fucking before falling asleep to do it all again.

 

   The flower wreath continued to be as supple and bendy and fresh as the first day they made it. It became a worry for a while that the wreath's magic would wear out while they were still guests at the village. But 3 days passed and then another 3 days and then another 3 after that. Eventually they stopped worrying about it. Incredibly, the wreath lasted the entire 2 weeks they were there. Perhaps one of the Fairies or even a few of them were keeping watch over them, they never figured it out. They just thanked their lucky stars for every day they had together.

 

@@@@@@

 

   A few days into their stay, Justin carried out his threa - uh...I mean, promise and brought the mayor around to meet Arrow. The green around the mayor's gills turned ashen gray as he was confronted with the coal-black gargantuan horse.

 

   "Good grief! Are you sure it's safe?" The roly-poly man kept asking, keeping Justin in the front of him.

 

   "Of course!" Justin replied and, of course Arrow took that opportunity to sneeze out a flash of fire and conversely, let out a loud long fart that smelled like strawberries.

 

   "Maybe this isn't such a good idea!" gasped out the mayor who was scared shitless as it was. He turned and tried to make a getaway.

 

   Justin grabbed onto his arm. "Oh, it's all right! He's as gentle as a kitten! He's just trying to scare you!"

 

   "He's doing a damn fine job of it!" returned the mayor, his knees quaking.

 

   "Oh pshaw! Hmmmmm...and yet....Did you bring an apple like I told you?"

 

   "Yes. Why?" asked the mayor, taking it out of his pocket.

 

   "Oh....you know....safety first." Justin replied vaguely.

 

   The mayor gulped.

 

   However, with hand shaking, the mayor managed to feed the apple to Arrow, which seemed to mollify him. Somewhat.

 

   "Arrow, this is the mayor of this good town. He‘s a very important person and has been very anxious to meet you."

 

   Arrow looked at the fat, quaking man and looked down his nose at Justin. "Really??" it asked Justin. "Like...seriously...?"

 

   "Of course, silly! Now, I know you do an awful lot for us and we're all really, really grateful but we were wondering if you could go outside your comfort zone a little once more and give the mayor a ride, once or twice around the village. Just to show that you mean no-one here any harm."

 

   Another look. "Are you seriously....fucking...shitting me?"

 

   "Pleeeeaaaasssse," Justin shamelessly wheedled.

 

   "Seriously....are you....fucking....shitting with me?"

 

   "Arrow! Come on! We're guests in this nice town. We all have to pull together. Besides, if everyone's afraid of you, it's going to make it awfully hard to exercise you. Wouldn't you rather be out flying around than standing around the back of the shop all day?"

 

   Arrow thought about that for a bit, rolled his eyes and blew out a huuuuuugge, long suffering breath out his mouth. "The things I do for you....humans," it said. Then he bent down and knelt on his front legs to let the mayor mount.

 

   The mayor struggled a bit and Justin gave the spherical man a supporting shove. Somehow, the mayor ended up in the saddle that somehow fitted him exactly. He grabbed onto the reins for dear life.

 

   "Just twice around the village should do it. I'll meet you in the main street. Nice and gentle now."

 

   Arrow winked. He reared up on his back legs, whinnied like a creature from Hell and then ran and jumped and took off. The mayor's face had gone from gray to chalk white.

 

   "Arrow! Gentle now! PLEASE!" yelled Justin, but let's face it. It was out of his hands now.

 

   Arrow jumped and flew and smoothed out and eventually the mayor stopped feeling like he needed a pacemaker so much. Uhhhh...you know, like one of those magical ones. Arrow dutifully galloped through the air, and gave a few fire shots to attract attention and generally made a spectacle out of himself. He galloped two times around the village, looped around and landed on Main Street just like the first time.

 

   Everyone came out to look. They were scared at first but then they saw the mayor was on the horse. At first, a few die hards thought the mayor had been kidnapped but upon closer inspection it was pretty hard to believe that, when the mayor was waving his top hat around and yelling: "YAAA-HOOOO!!!! YIPPPEEE! WAAAA-HOOOOO!!! YIPPEEE AI! AI! AI! YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

 

   After he had landed, Arrow was an instant town hero and mascot. Everybody wanted a ride; everybody wanted to pet him. However, at this, Arrow backed away in a panic and hid behind Justin. When that didn't work, he gave a fearsome snort of flame and jumped and flew away into the forest and didn't return until dinner time.

 

   Justin motioned for attention and then told the crowd. "You have to treat him gently...and with respect folks! He is friendly but he is not an ordinary horse! He understands. He is a creature born of magic! He may give rides....and he may not. You can ask him. You might want to try bringing him an offering of food. But you mustn't press him. You mustn't try to force him. He isn't a tame horse, after all."

 

   Both kids and adults would try to entice Arrow for rides, with treats and gifts. They brought him sheaves of oats and wheat and barley and rye and apples and carrots. Arrow would accept everything; he ate...well, he ate like a horse. But as Justin said it was no guarantee. Sometimes, he'd give a ride and sometimes he wouldn't. And sometimes he'd only take you home and sometimes he'd fly you for 15 minutes; sometimes an hour. You never knew. It was very true. He wasn't a tame horse.

 

   After a while, the townspeople for the most part, left Arrow alone. It became common to see Arrow, winging around the town, to the nearest lake and back, giving someone a ride, or just going into the fields and orchards. At first, it became a concern that he would eat all their food, but it was soon discovered that wherever he did eat, the next day, that area was growing twice as much of whatever he ate. Eventually he became a symbol of hope, of prosperity, of protection and good luck. If you saw him flying around and he looked at you, it was considered very good luck and if you saw him snort fire and made a wish, it was certain to come true.

 

@@@@@@

 

   Of course, it wasn't always fun and games at the diner for Gus and Randal and Justin ogling for Brian. They did their best to help out at the leather shop during the day and eventually there came a day about a week and a half in when Hunter came to them and informed them he only had a few scraps of leather left that would not be enough to use to finish the suit.

 

   "And I can't kill anything, so it's up to you lot to bring me a deer." He gave Brian his crossbow, and Gus and Randal a set of bow and arrows each. He gave them a compass. Then, upon reflection, he gave them each a blade as well, a fine two foot long rapier, each one in its own custom made leather belt and sheath.

 

   "These are for defense. It's dangerous out there. Otherwise, keep them sheathed. They're not toys. Stay on the paths as much as possible. Stay together! Do NOT split up, whatever happens Protect one another against traps and predators. Now get going and for God's sake, come back alive!"

 

   "How else would we come back? As zombies?" whispered Brian as they exited the shop.

 

   Hunter stuck his head out the window. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Watch out for zombies! Remember, only a head shot will kill them!"

 

   They gulped.

 

@@@@@@

 

   And so, several hours later and deep in the forest on a skinny forest trail, they still hadn't found a deer. And without warning, disaster struck.

 

   Gus was in front and walked into a springy surface. The entire forest in front of them rippled like a pond and revealed a kind of...wall in front of them that extended at least 30 feet to the left and the right of them.

 

   Gus was on instant alert and pulled back to get away. He managed everything except his hand, which was stuck up to his wrist. With a disgusting, sucking noise, his arm was being pulled in. It was like vertical quicksand.

 

   "Help! I can't get out!" he yelled.

 

   Brian grabbed him and pulled. But he found that not only was he just delaying the inevitable, he now couldn't let go of Gus' hand and was being pulled in as well. "Shit! What the hell IS this?"

 

   Randal grabbed onto Brian hand and couldn't let go. "Oh crap! I think I know what this is! Didn't count on the stuck on you part though! Walter used to brag about these portal traps that sounded like this. This'll take us to another time, another place in the forest, maybe another forest altogether!"

 

   "How do we get loose!?" yelled Brian. Gus' whole arm was through and the suction had increased. He had to pull with all his might just to stay put.

 

   "I don't think we can! Just try to remember where you came in from! Then go back! Just...go...back!"

 

   "Back from where?" Gus cried. He was almost consumed.

 

   "Screw that!" Brian dug in extra hard and gathered his strength to for an extra hard yank. However, this meant he had to release his pulling a little first and at the same time he slipped on some gravel. This caused Randal to slip and bump against him and....

 

   "YAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!"

 

   All three men were pulled and fell ass over teakettle and fell through the portal with a loud BLOOOP!...noise. The portal rippled, smoothed out and vanished.

 

TBC

 

Chapter 12 - Woods and Witches. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

The following has little point if any and was written for the sole purpose of raping your childhood memories and giving you PTFD (Post Traumatic Fantasy Disorder) Enjoy!


Also since it's October, I guess this as close to anything Halloween-ey I'm going to write. Although the scare factor isn't very high, it's more of....well, it's pretty...well, it's got witches in it, that'll have to do!  Have fun!


A/N: As of this posting, my last chapter had 59 hits and 5 reviews. In total, I have 1,464 hits and 58 reviews. What is going on? Are my stories that much of a guilty pleasure? Who's out there? I seeeeee you!


For the die hards out there who ARE reviewing a big THANK YOU and keep it up! Thank you, TAG, Predec2, nicolle_midnight2013, alice, kimi, Flossee, YumYumPM, JAZZEPOET, and DavidR.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 12

Woods and Witches

 

For a few seconds all three men saw the same thing. They all saw the other two slipping and sliding and rolling down an endless green tunnel vortex. All three of them were screaming like little girls. Then each one saw the other two disappear into flashes of white light. And then there was a blinding flash of white light of their own. There was a blinding white flash and....

Randal was thrown onto the ground. He was indeed in the middle of a forest but he could tell at once it was different. There was more sunlight coming through the trees, the trees were younger on the most part and a little ways down the trail he was on was a sunny tunnel entrance of a clearing.

Randal picked himself up and headed that way. Perhaps he could get his bearings.

There was indeed a clearing and in it was a beautiful meadow with red and yellow flowers and by the side of the trail. Sitting on a red and white checked blanket was an old hag of a woman. She was very ugly with a long nose and a fearsome wart on the end of it. She wore a blue and white checked apron.

The blanket was set out with a tea; there were scones and jelly cakes and cookies and a strange teapot with two handles and two long, curved spouts on each side of it.

"Why hello, young man," said the hag, "Have a seat! Have tea with me and I'll make you a wealthy man!"

"And how will you do that, old granny?" asked Randal. He knelt onto the blanket.

"Well, over there in the hollow of that tree is a cave," said the old woman pointing to a wreck of a tree that looked like it had been struck by lightning. "In the cave, there are three doors. Through the first door is a dog with eyes the size of teacups. He sits upon a chest of coppers. I will give you my apron and you must boldly seize him and put him on it. Then you can take as much money as you want."

"If silver is more your fancy, then go into the middle chamber. The dog in there is much bigger and scarier with eyes as big as dinner plates. But don't be scared and seize him and put him on the apron. Then you can take as much silver as you want."

"Silver does sound much better than copper," Randal said.

"And if gold is more your fancy, go into the third chamber. The dog there is enormous and his eyes are the size of mill wheels. But just take hold of him and put him on the apron and take as much gold as you like."

"And what do you want out of this old woman?"

"Quite right. In the hall there should be an old tinder box lying forgotten. My old granny let one of the dogs scare her and dropped it last time she was in there and I'd like it back."

Randal thought it would be nice to be able to collect some money from this adventure and be able to get some money to put forth toward his wedding to Gus, so he agreed.

The hag tied a rope around him and gave him her apron and lowered him down into the tree. There was indeed a cave down there and an old tinder box lying in the middle of the floor. Randal picked it up and then went straight to the third door.

The dog was about 15 feet high and filled the chamber. He was sitting on a large chest. His eyes were indeed the size of mill wheels and they turned like spirals. Randal watched for a bit and grew quite dizzy and hypnotized but he showed no fear.

"Good morning," he said at last, "You had better not look at me like that for very long or it'll make your eyes water."

And he seized the dog and put it on the apron and it did not harm him.

He opened the chest and took as much gold as he could and was very pleased with himself that he would be able to help with traveling expenses and the wedding.

He went back into the cave and called up to the hag and said: I'm ready! And I have the tinder box! Pull me up!"

The hag pulled him up and it took a little while but soon they were in the meadow again and back on the blanket ready to have tea.

"That was thirsty work," said the hag, "Join me in a cup?"

"Thanks. That sounds nice. So why'd you want this old tinder box anyway?

The old granny poured from one spout and a lemony yellow tea poured out. She turned it around and poured out the other spout and Earl Gray poured out! This she gave to Randal.

"Oh, it's just a family heirloom. It doesn't really matter," said the hag. "Come on now, a deal's a deal! Hand it over!"

"No, don't! Help! Help us!!" called a voice.

"What was that?" asked Randal.

"What was what?" asked the hag innocently. "Now...hand it over...and....drink up!"

"HELP!" cried the voice a little louder. "Don't drink the tea! Help us!"

Randal threw away the teacup just as it was about to touch his lips. He drew his rapier. He knew the drill here.

"What's going on!? Who was that voice!?" he demanded.

"Help us! In the meadow!" yelled the invisible voice.

Randal walked into the meadow a few steps...

"No! Don't!" yelled the hag.

...and hit a barrier. "What the hell?" he cried and floundered and pulled and sliced and suddenly everything came down and it turned out the meadow wasn't really a meadow at all, it was a realistic painting of a meadow on a sheet. Randal pulled the whole thing away and instead of a meadow there was quite a different clearing with a green lawn and a picket fence made out of candy canes and in the yard was a large house made out of gingerbread and candy. The eaves were gumdrops, the chimney was made out of bricks of shortbread, and the windows were panes of glazed sugar.

In the yard was a giant birdcage and in the birdcage was a little boy.

There was a pause.

"Well.....this is awkward..." said the hag.

"That's an understatement! So....you're not just some tea sucking granny! You're a witch!"

"No shit, Sherlock," said the witch sarcastically.

"You evil thing!" yelled Randal. Snick! Snock! And he cut off the witch's head and off it went, rolling away along the ground.

‘ But he gave no care for that, and hopped the candy cane fence and used his rapier to jimmy the cage door open. Next moment, the door popped open and the little boy was free!

Randal helped the little boy down.

"Gee, thanks mister!" he said, "Me and my sister have been trapped for ages! Gretel! Gretel! Come on out! We're free! We've been rescued at last!"

A little moppet of a girl with blond pigtails ran out of the house. "Thank you! Thank you!" she cried. "She was fattening up my brother to eat him!"

"That's terrible! How long have you been here? Who are you? And why was she feeding me all that shuck and jive?"

"She wanted the tinder box! It's magic. But she was too old to make the trip down into the cave herself. The key was the tea. If you would have drunk it, you would have become her slave and she would have stolen the gold you took and made you kill yourself in some terrible way! We're Hansel and Gretel and we've been here for about a month. We were tricking her to survive and making her think we weren't getting any fatter. But one of us was always locked..." Gretel broke off and screamed that long, shrill scream of pure fear that only little girls can. She pointed.

Randal swung around to look and wished he hadn't.

The witch's body had twisted itself around in a grotesque fashion and was crab walking around the yard blindly. The head was giving directions. The body was remaining pretty clueless but it was getting closer.

"Shit!..I mean shoot! What's the hell's going on!" yelled Randal.

"This witch can only be killed by fire!" Gretel screamed. Fortunately, we've got a plan! We would have done this sooner but she's always been careful to keep one of us hostage! Come on!"

They all ran into the candy house. They followed Gretel into the kitchen. She threw a bottle of cooking oil into the stove. Then she took another one and poured a trail from the stove to the center of the room and poured out a huge pool. Then she grabbed a rag and soaked it in the oil.

"Don't worry about the language. We've heard loads of worse from her!" said Hansel.

"Never mind that now! Smash out the kitchen door so you'll have a clear shot from outside," directed Gretel.

Randal did so gladly, smashing the door off the hinges with two kicks.

Outside, the witch had reached her head and had picked it up.

The three of them ran outside. All three of them screamed at the disgusting sight.

The witch was screwing her head on.

Gretel gave the rag to Randal. "Put this on the end of an arrow and shoot it! The stove is the heart of the house! Hurry! We don't have much time!"

Screee!! Screee! Screee! The screwing sound was horrible.

"All you children have been verrrry, verrrry, naughty!" said the witch, and she sounded nothing like a sweet, gold giving granny anymore. She sounded rotted and clotted and like what might happen when rotted, solid bits of expired milk and that really especially gooey kind of snot had a baby.

"Wait'll you see what I'm going to do for an encore!" quipped Randal. He took the oily rag from Gretel and wrapped it around the end of an arrow.

"Ohhhhhhhh.... Chiillldrrreeennnnnn!!!!" came a very different voice and because he was just grown it didn't affect him but it did go through him like nails on a chalkboard.

"Yes, Mistress!" came two creepy, entranced voices and Randal knew he had only seconds.

"Get him!" commanded that horrible clotted voice

And then he had no seconds as two kids jumped on him and what was he supposed to do? They were just kids. Young, strong, in prime of their lives...Good God were they supposed to be this strong?...kids. But still kids.

The witch shuffled closer and closer. Any moment they would all be captured again.

As gently as he could, he shook Hansel off his arm, twisted on his back, sat up. He held up the tinder box.

"NOOOOOO!!!!" wailed the witch.

He flicked it twice before he managed to light his arrow on fire.

As an added bonus the dog with the eyes as big as dinner plates appeared. It was a Great Dane twice the size of a Great Dane.

"Master! What is thy wish?" said the dog.

"Get these kids off me and keep them out of my way! But don't hurt them! Not one hair must be harmed."

"Master, it shall be done!" The dog leapt forward and next moment Randal was free and the dog was holding Hansel and Gretel by their collars in his mouth. Their feet dangled off the ground.

Aiming quickly, Randal let the arrow fly. It flew into the house and landed exactly in the pool of oil. The fire trailed over to the oven. The oiled oven blazed.

There was an explosion. The fire blazed up through the chimney till there was a flame on top of the chimney and it looked like a giant candle for a few minutes. The entire house began to burn.

The witch screamed, long and loud and shrill. She burst into flame. She was hitting at herself, tearing at her clothes. She was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. She was a flaming scarecrow. She was flopping over. She was dead.

The house was properly ablaze now. The entire thing was melting and caramelizing and gooifying and crumbling.

As soon as the witch was dead, Hansel and Gretel were released from their spell. Randal directed the dog to put them down.

"Burn! Burn! Burn!" they all chanted in glee and punched into the air in triumph, "Burn! Burn! Burn!...Burn! Burn! Burn!"

They all watched the house burn until it was a gooey, fudgey, mushy, lumpy mess.

Then he directed the dog to take Hansel and Gretel home. He looked at the tinder box and thought.

"Dog," he asked, "I have to go home as well now. Can you come to me across realms?"

The dog bowed his head. "Master, I and my brothers have sworn to obey the holder of the tinder box in all things that we can. However, this thing you ask is beyond our power."

Randal nodded and tossed the tinder box to Hansel. "Be careful with that kid. Use it to provide and protect yourself and your sister. Be careful not to abuse them though. Remember that you were abused yourself once. That will help you remember."

"I will. Thanks Randal! Thanks!" they both said, "And...goodbye!" Their voices faded as the dog loped away with them on his back.

Randal packed as much gold as he could into the witch's apron and made it a bundle and then went back along the path the way he had come. Eventually, he came to the part of the path where he knew he had come out of. He took a few steps backward and sure enough...BLOOOP!! He disappeared.

@@@@@@@

There was a blinding white flash and...

Brian landed on his face in the snow. He spluttered and sat up quickly. What the HELL?

The forest he had been deposited in was a wintery one. The trees were skeletal or looked like frosted cakes if they were evergreen. The snow was deep and soft and it was getting dark. Directly ahead, and a little in the distance was a light.

Brian broke off a few branches and made a large cross in the snow where he landed and struck out. He was hoping there was a friendly cottage or something where that light was.

There was no cottage. Instead, standing alone in the middle of the wood was a lamppost, shining brightly but uselessly. Who on earth would need this out here?"

He had only been looking at this for about half a minute when the fir trees in front of him parted and a small girl with dark pigtails stepped out into the clearing.

They both looked at each other. The girl didn't seem particularly frightened of him but she was surprised and was even more surprised at the lamppost.

"Hello. I'm Lucy. And you are...?"

"Brian," said Brian, his mouth perking up at the ends at her moxy. You'd think she was at a tea party or something.

"Brian..." she said trying it out, "My goodness this is strange. What's a lamppost doing way out here...I mean...I guess this is way out here...somewhere. I only just arrived."

"You only just arrived? How....exactly did you get here?" asked Brian.

"With magic," she said, obviously trying to impress him. When he only quirked an eyebrow, she elaborated, "I was staying in a big house. There was a wardrobe in a spare room. I got in to play hide and seek. But there was no back. I could just keep going...and...instead of coats there were trees....and I was here. I saw the light and came to see what it was."

"I came here by magic too. Over that way," he pointed. "Only it was nothing like a wardrobe, that s for sure. More like a vortex! A magic trap that landed me....here.

"Wow! That is so...neat! This place...it must be just full of magic! I wonder if it's just full of portals and gates to other worlds!

"It's too cold to think about that from here," said Brian, "Besides... the only thing I want to do is find the portal that gets me home!"

At that moment they heard the jingling of bells.

"Oh my! Listen to that! Makes me think of Father Christmas!" said Lucy in adorable moppet mode.

"Father Whose-mas? Anyway, it's the middle of nowhere...and just getting dark..."

The bells were getting closer.

At that moment, everything that was an alarm bell went off in Brian. His protective instinct went into overdrive and he grabbed Lucy off her feet and carried her through the trees she had come out of. In a few seconds they were safely in the thickets and concealed.

And it was just in the nick of time. The owner and author of the jingle bells swept into the clearing and it was not Father Christmas.

"Stop!!" yelled an imperious voice. They stopped.

"Lucy! Go back! Go back to your coats and your wardrobe and...and wherever and hurry! Whoever this is, she's extremely dangerous...I can feel it in every bone of my body."

"But why? Who is she?" Lucy strained to see but Brian held her back.

"I don't know. She's tall. Twice as big as an ordinary woman. Her face is drained of color. And that voice says she's in charge, or thinks she is and used to getting her own way. By any means necessary. She's not someone a child should confront and deal with. I'm not sure I want to deal with her!"

"Majesty! I've noticed you always stop to look at this artifact whenever we pass by this way," said a cravenly, suck-up-ish voice, "Why? Can't we get moving? It's so cold!"

Are you a weather forecaster...or my slave!? Of course it's cold! I make it that way, fool! She turned to look at the lamppost again. As for why I stop at this...artifact...it is because it makes me remember....remember the time when I put it there!"

Brian and Lucy gasped.

"But that lamp has been there since I was born!" said the craven voice, "And...and I'm ever so much older than you! I...I mean you look sooo young....and beautiful and..."

Brian rolled his eyes.

"Peace fool! I know what you mean! I am aware of how long dwarves live! And you are right. It was here when you were born. When your father was born. When his father was born. Before that. Always burning with that hateful light. They say it will not go out until the last day."

"But how can that be?"

"I was here on the first day. I had broken off a piece of a similar lamp in another world to use as a weapon. I was close...so close to bending those creatures...to my will and taking over their world!"

Lucy covered her mouth with her hand in horror. That...that monster....had been in her world?"

"But I was dragged here by magic on its day of creation. Eventually I saw my weapon was useless so I threw it away. Because it was a new world, it's magic took hold of even that and it grew...grew into that! I must say....it's such a different place now...since that day." She looked around at the snowy woody waste with triumph and pride.

"But that was hundreds...maybe a thousand years ago," said the craven dwarf that they now saw was in the driver's seat, "You're so young..."

"I was...in what passed for my 45th year when this happened. I made my way north. There was a magic tree with a magic apple. Now, unless due to some violent end....I shall live forever!"

"That witch...live forever! How horrible!" whispered Lucy.

"But what is this?! I see footprints! Of shoes! One...adult....and one...small thing....a booted dwarf maybe?"

"Booted dwarf! Well, I never! I'll boot her in the..." Lucy raged.

"Lucy! Go now! Get home! There's only a few seconds before she figures out..."

"They're still here! They must be hiding! The only one living around here is that idiot faun!" figured out the woman.

Brian cursed inwardly. "Go! Now! Before she catches both of us. I'll try and buy us some time!"

"But what if I...I mean I can't leave you..."

"That's very sweet. But I can take care of myself. But I can't do that if I'm worrying about you. Now go on...come on, get outta here, ya little knucklehead!"

Lucy looked as if she wanted to cry but then put a brave face on. "I'll come back! I will! And I'll keep a look out for you!" She began crawling away so as not to disturb any branches and then, when she was far enough away, stood and ran back the way she came. Brian watched her disappear between the boughs.

"This is your last chance!" the woman was yelling, "Come out! Come out now! If I have to have my dwarf beat the bushes, I will have you instantly killed! Come out and...if you amuse me...I may yet let you live!"

"All right! Ya got me! Ya got me! I'm coming out! Don't shoot or anything! Geez!" Brian pushed his way out into the clearing to confront the Witch and to see exactly what he was dealing with.

He was dealing with a lightweight sledge drawn by two white reindeer. In the driver's seat was a dumpy dwarf with a long, silvery beard. The woman in the sledge was as he had saw, twice as big as a normal woman or even a man. She was swathed in white furs and her face was dead white, like sugar or salt. In contrast, her lips were red and it looked like a blood upon the snow. She wore a gold crown, carried a wand as a kind of scepter and looked otherwise very regal and imposing but cruelly so.

Brian and the white queen faced each other.

"And what, pray tell, are you?" asked the Witch, and Brian could figure out pretty much that's what she was.

"I'm Brian Fucking Kinney. And who the hell are you?"

"Insolent whelp! How dare you address the Queen of Narnia in such a manner!" said the dwarf, flicking him with his whip.

"Sorry...your majesty....I didn't know." Brian figured he'd have to play along until he could make a break for it. Damn! He could see his crossed sticks from here. But he had to get past the White Bitch first!

"Not know the Queen of Narnia! Well....you shall know us better hereafter. Maybe....much better after," said the Queen with a lascivious leer. Brian shuddered.

"But what are you!? What are you!? Are you an overgrown dwarf....waaayy overgrown...that has cut off its beard?"

"I'm a perfectly normal size thank you very much! And I have shaved but trust me...I'm all dude!"

"Answer me once and for all or I shall lose my patience! Are you human!?"

"Oh...yes your majesty!"

"And where is your partner!?" I know there was someone else here!"

"She was just a girl. I don't know her or how she got here. I sent her away. She's no longer your concern. She's gone."

"That will remain to be seen. In the meantime, I guess...you are my concern. You are a threat just being here...human... I've never seen a man since...that first day. I'd forgotten what they looked like. I forgot how...big they can be. Therefore, I offer you a choice. Consent to be my Consort...or stand in the snow, alone, cold, and hard for eternity!"

"I'm always hard. And I'm cold right now. So what's the difference?"

"You're still alive!" screamed the Witch, and taking aim, she pointed her wand above and a little to the right. A cold, grey beam shot out and the next instant, a stone squirrel fell out of a tree.

"Holy shit!" yelled Brian.

"Egggggsss-axctly!" said the Witch smugly.

"Well....given the options...I guess I really have none except to accept," said Brian, "Queen's Consort huh?"

"It's been a loooooong, cold winter," the Witch said.

Brian took a few steps until he was next to the sledge. "Well....it's about to heat up," he said seductively, quirking an eyebrow.

The Witch gave a hitch of excitement and moved over to make room.

"Lucy!! What the hell are you doing here!!? I told you to get away! Run for it!!" he yelled looking over the Witch's shoulder.

The Queen swung around to look, a feral expression in her features. She raised her wand and scanned the woods...

Even as she was turning, Brian was aiming. As at the critical point, when she was most off balance, Brian kicked the sledge with all his might and overturned it. The Queen screamed as she, the dwarf and everything went flying.

Even as they were still tipping over, Brian was bolting away, past them and down the forest path.

The Witch was screaming bloody murder.

"I wouldn't go near your cootch with a ten foot pole! I'd rather walk on broken glass and eat moldy cheese for the rest of my life!"

"That can be arranged!" returned the Witch in a terrible voice. "Catch him! Kill him!!"

Brian bobbed and weaved as he ran. It worked to an extent but there were terrible ‘swish...crack!' noises behind him and there were deadly grey bolts whizzing by him turning trees and bushes to stone. He knew he hadn't much time until...

Swish! Crack! And the whip was wrapping itself around his legs. He fell heavily to the ground.

He turned to see the Witch coming. She raised her wand.

"What was that about broken glass?" she rasped. She aimed and fired. Brian winced and crossed his arms in impotent protection.

From out of the forest, off to the left, a beaver jumped out in front of him with a large piece of tree bark held out as a shield. The beaver took the shot with the shield and then dropped the stone it had become.

The Witch screamed in rage.

"Hurry, Son of Adam! Escape back from where you came! We can only keep this up for so long!" The beaver jumped back into the bush off to the right.

The witch fired again. From the right, a strange creature like a man with goat legs jumped out with a piece of bark and took the shot. He jumped off to the left and disappeared before the Witch could do anything.

Brian yanked his legs in and pulled the dwarf in toward him. Then he kicked viciously several time until he heard a crunch and the dwarf released the whip and crumpled to the ground.

Brian hurried to release himself but found his hands shaky with fear and cold and he was too entangled. So he just grabbed the dwarf and held him up in front of him. He struggled to his feet and hopped backwards a few hops. He was nearly to his cross.

"Back off! You might hit me, but then again, maybe not! What would you rather have? A slave? Or a garden gnome!?"

"I have ten more of those things at home! Besides...I'm a pretty good shot." She aimed and fired but Brian blocked and....garden gnome.

He threw it away in disgust. He hopped back again a few times. He was at the cross. He hopped again. What was it that Randal had said? Go back? Back...

He hopped back again. And again. Come on...come on...where was that damn thing? For a few minutes he had that horrible feeling that he had missed it altogether. Hop...Hop...

The Witch smiled cruelly and advanced. She raised her wand....

Brian hopped. And desperately once more...

BLOOP!!

The air rippled and thankfully he was through and sliding away backwards through a green tunnel away from a white flash and a white world where a White Witch gnashed her teeth and screamed so loud that it dropped 20 degrees across the whole of the Western Narnian Wood.

@@@@@@

There was a blinding white flash and:...

Gus landed hard on his ass and the wind was knocked out of him. He sat there for a bit and waited for it to come back and looked around to see where he was.

He sucked in a huge breath and it wasn't just because his breath came back. He looked around in awe.

He was in a different forest, a spooky forest with blackened trees. They were all scorched and skeletal and there wasn't a hint of green anywhere.

Gus looked closer. That was weird. The forest looked somewhat....fake.

However, before he could investigate further, a piercing scream rent the air. Gus looked up and was astonished to see a girl being carried higher and higher into the air by a winged...wait, was that a monkey?

There was a full moon in the sky and Gus could see the girl wore a blue and white dress and a pair of red pumps. Wow. That was weird.

Gus quickly gathered some brush where he landed and drew a big circle in the dirt as a marker. Then he set off at a run through the mangled trees toward where he saw the girl clearly being carried through the night sky toward a black, evil looking castle.

Suddenly, there were strange "Oooooo...Ooooooo..." type cries and Gus found that he was surrounded by the same type of creatures. Holy shit! Incredibly, it was some kind of winged monkey. Big...winged monkeys.

Gus tried to dodge and run but he was quickly surrounded and grabbed. He was tackled by three or four and wrestled to the ground. Gus yelled and struggled and kicked but it was no use. They were too strong. Eventually, two of them got a good grip on each forearm. Gus tried to struggle loose but with all his might but it was no use. The flying monkeys took off with him between them and the other two followed closely behind. Gus wisely decided not to struggle anymore as he shared the girl's fate and was carried to the castle.

The girl had a considerable lead on him, so it was about half an hour after she had been carried in before Gus got there as well.

The winged monkeys flew in a window and into a large Great Hall. The girl and three companions ran out from somewhere and made a break for the front door. Before they could get there, however, the heavy doors slammed shut.

"AHHHH HEEE HEEE HEEEE HEEEE!!!!!!" someone cackled horribly, "Going so soon!? Why, I wouldn't hear of it! My little party's just beginning!" the person cackled long and loud again.

"Well! Thought you could escape did you!? Well, you'll soon see..."

"OOOOO.....OOOO...OOOOO!!!!" brayed the monkeys as they dropped down with Gus. "Mistress! Mistress! We got another one! Another one!"

Well, to say everybody was in a state of stupefaction would be an understatement. Everyone on the ground was surprised to see Gus and as Gus was finally put down he was faced with the most oddball of characters he had ever seen in his life.

Accompanying the girl was: a living scarecrow, a man made out of metal...was that tin?...and a lion who seemed weak in the knees. On the balcony above them, opposing them was an undeniable wicked witch. She wore all black and a black pointed hat and she was old, ugly and green.

There was a moment of silence as everyone stared at each other. Gus decided to get the ball rolling.

"Uh....hi there!" he said, with bravado he didn't feel.

"Who...who the hell are you?" asked the girl.

"I'm Gus. Who're you?" asked Gus.

"Dorothy. Scarecrow...Tin Man....Lion," she introduced shortly.

"Descriptive and to the point. Who's the hag?"

"She's the Wicked Witch of the West. She's an absolute nightmare and we're trying desperately to escape!"
"You know...I AM in the room!" said the Witch sarcastically.

"So what's her dealio anyway?" Gus asked Dorothy, purposely ignoring the Witch, just to piss her off further.

"What the HELL is going on here!" screamed the green Witch, "I've never seen him in your party before. YOU!! Where did you come from!?" She jumped over the balcony. Two flying monkeys caught her as if it were planned and lowered her down. She ended up landing right in front of them.

"Well!? Who ARE you!!? Where did you come from?" she screamed.

"Geez! Say it, don't spray it, will'ya? Geez! My name's Gus. I came through a portal....in the woods..." he stammered.

The witch looked skeptical. "A portal!? What are you talking about? There are no portals in Oz!"

"Let me go back and I'm sure that'll be true once again."

The witch grabbed him by the hair and bent his head back until he was looking directly into her eyes and otherwise green and extraordinarily ugly face. Her nails dug into his scalp.

"Oww! Geez lady, you ever hear of a manicure?" Gus cried and wrested free.

But the witch had her answer. "It's true. You're not from Oz! You're not even from her world, the world across the Deadly Desert! You come from a world....with magic. Real magic!" A hungry look came into her eyes. "Show me where it is!"

Now Gus didn't have to be a genius to know this would be a very bad idea. So he declined.

"It's about a half hour flight from here. But I have no idea where now thanks to Chuckles and Mr. Jinkies, the wonder monkeys over there." Gus jabbed a finger in their general direction. "Besides, I thought you were a witch! Why not be content with your own magic?"

"Oz's magic is like an old clock. It's tired and run down and soon it will be depleted altogether. You're world's magic is fresh and green and much more powerful. I'd much rather conquer that and live there!"

"Anything to get you out of our hair," griped Dorothy.

"I heard that missy! Don't think I've forgotten about you. You're still wearing my property and I want them back!"

"Uhh, we just tried that! They're protected by this "worn out" magic you seem to hate. It's strong enough to keep these away from you!" Dorothy bragged.

"I'm getting around to that! Make no mistake, I'll be taking them off your corpse, soon enough!"

"What the hell are you two talking about?" asked Gus.

"The Ruby Slippers!" they both screamed and Dorothy stuck out her feet to show him. The red pumps she was wearing turned out to be flashy and sequined.

"Shoes!? This whole mess is over shoes!? Oh my God! What is it with girls and G-D shoes anyway!?"

"Dude...totally!" said the Tin Man.

"Don't get me started!" said the Scarecrow.

"I don't wear shoes. I'm naked," said the Lion with a bit of TMI.*

"SIIIIIIILENNNNNNCE!" screamed the Witch. "I'll deal with you in a minute, dearie! You'll lead me to that portal or I'll scoop out your eyeballs and wear them for earrings!"

It was about that moment that Gus decided he really didn't much care for the Witch.

"As for the four of you! Your end has come! Four to go! Let's watch the first three go before her!" She raised her broomstick and lit the end on fire from a torch. "How about a little fire, Scarecrow!?" she cackled.

She lit his arm on fire and everything went a little nuts.

The lot of them started screaming and the Scarecrow hopped around and shook his arm. Of course, this only spread the fire. The Witch cackled like she was insane.

"Lady, I have had enough of you!" Gus yelled. He was being pressed back into the wall. He looked around frantically and saw niches cut into the wall regularly. Each niche had a bucket of water to take care of those torchlights, he guessed. He grabbed the nearest bucket and threw it on the Scarecrow's arm. Some of the water hit the Witch.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" screamed the witch in pain, "Not water! Nooooo!"

"Oh really!?" yelled Gus, "Well, take this!" and he sloshed some more on her.

"NOOOO! OH, I'M MELTING!!! MELTING!!! OHHHHH!...."

And slowly and disgustingly, she did. Of course, she had to scream and bitch about it the whole time, until at last her voice gave out and she was nothing more than a gross green puddle on the floor and a hat.

The flying monkeys cheered. "We're free! We're free! Hurray! At last! Can we do anything for you!" they asked.

"Yes. Fly me back to where you found me. And here..." Gus shoved the bucket at Dorothy. He could hear the guards' footsteps "clump! Clump! Clump!...ing closer and closer. "Looks like this was your dog and pony show anyway! Just tell them you did it! I'm sure things will turn out OK!"

"WHAT!!? You're pinning this on me? I don't think so! Get back here!" yelled Dorothy.

"Look, she was a wicked witch! If the monkeys' reaction is any indication, I'm sure they'll be glad! Chuckles! Mr. Jinkies! Let's go!"

"You got it, Savior!" the monkeys said, grabbing his arms and taking off. "But just for the record...I'm George."

"And I'm Harry," said the other one.

"Oh. Sorry."

"Oh no, you don't! Lion, get him!" yelled Dorothy.

Of course, the Lion decided to choose that moment to grow a pair of minerals and jumped at him. He missed Gus' rising feet by inches.

Gus watched from above as guards flooded the Main Hall and surrounded the party of four and the crime scene. Fortunately, nobody looked up and next moment Gus was out the window.

And a few moments after that, he heard from the castle growing fainter and fainter: Hail to Dorothy! The wicked witch is dead! Hail to Dorothy...

"Rats!" thought Gus, "It really was OK! Those are MY kudos! Ahhh well! She kinda looked like she had been through hell and back! I guess she deserves it!"

And anyway, there was nothing for it since he was flying farther and farther away and closer and closer to the door home somewhere in the dark, creepy, blackened forest.

Half an hour later...

"There!"
Gus spied the brush with a circle around it and the monkeys dropped him off.

"Thanks fellas! I really appreciate it!" Gus was a little alarmed when both monkeys teared up a little.

"What's the matter?" he asked in distress.

(Sniff! Sniff!) Nobody's ever thanked me before!" said Harry.

"Me neither!" said George.

"That's terrible! Well, at least you won't have to worry about that anymore. You're free!"

"I guess. So...Is there anything else we can do for you?" asked George deferentially.

"No...maybe wait till I go back! I don't like the thought of being in this dark forest alone if this doesn't work. Otherwise, you're free. Go wherever you want and enjoy yourselves! Good luck!"

Gus positioned himself at his signal and stepped backwards a few steps, holding his hand out to seek the portal. At last his questing fingers found a squishy surface.

BLOOP!

*TMI = Too Much Information

@@@@@@

A piece of deadwood fell off a tree and hit the ground. Otherwise, all was quiet. And since there was no-one around to hear it fall, did even that branch make a sound? Then....

The air rippled violently and...BLOOP! BLOOP! BLOOP! One after the other, the three men were thrown out of the portal back into their own world and Wild Western Wood. Randal landed on his butt. Brian landed on Randal. Gus landed on Brian. For a minute or two there was such tangle of arms and legs, nobody could tell which way was up. There was a terrific struggle but at last they all were able to roll off each other.

Finally: "What happened to you?" they all cried.

"Trust me...you don't want to know!" they all yelled in unison.

Then Randal's eyes widened. "Oh shit! Take cover! It's going to blow!" Come on!" He grabbed Gus by the hand and headed away from the portal and hid them behind some trees. Brian wisely followed.

The portal was still rippling and pulsating with a sick kind of slow expanding and receding, expanding and receding. The huge trap that was like a sixty-foot wall was visible now and a disgusting pea soup green. It stretched outward extra long, then pulled back along the edges. It was like a giant was trying to blow a bubble with a piece of disgusting bubble gum and failing miserably. The edges pulled back even more, the middle expanded and there was a huge green ball floating there, pulsating gently. With each pulse, it expanded outward a little more, grew a little bigger.

Randal risked a look. "Shit! Any minute now!"

Pulse...Pulse....Pulse......BLAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

The green ball exploded sending green goo in all directions. A shockwave of magic flew out in every direction and bent all the branches, all the underbrush almost flat as it rushed through the forest. Randal was careful not to let the others touch it...you know....just in case.

The goo was toxic and dissolved holes in trees, branches and killed any bird or animal it was unfortunate to touch.

After the portal exploded they came out of hiding. They gasped. An entirely new section of forest was opened to them, like a wall had been smashed down. The trail led down a hill and opened up into a meadow lush with flowers and berry bushes. It also became apparent that a large buck deer had been grazing on the other side of the portal. With the explosion, he had been hit square in the head with goo and had died instantly and painlessly.

The three men rejoiced at their good fortune and dragged the deer home. Randal was also able to show them the spoils he had taken from his adventure and explained why he had taken them. Gus was overwhelmed and touched.

"Randal...I mean...we never discussed this but...did you really....do you really...want to marry me?"

"Ever since you slept with me that first night...slept and did not insist or force anything else to happen...it was then that I wanted to go with you...follow you...be with you...wherever you wanted to go in the world. Yes Gus. I want to marry you. Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Oh God, yes! I love you, Randal!" Gus kissed him passionately with a deep dip.

"I love you too. I'm glad we were both able to get back to each other." Randal kissed him right back.

"Congrats! Now will you two help me drag this dear of a deer back to the village before we hit a magic land mine or run into an ogre or something! I have my own twink I'd like to get back to! Brian said irascibly.

TBC

PLEASE REVIEW!!

Chapter 13 - Suit and Suitor. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

 

For those who ARE reviewing a big THANK YOU and keep it up! Thank you, TAG, Flossee, JAZZEPOET, and DavidR for reviewing the last chapter. However...for the 61 other people who hit on the chapter but didn't say anything...this ending's for you! Bwa Ha!! Ha!!

Disclaimer: This story is fanfic only. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is made off of this and characters are...mostly OOC. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Everybody wins when nobody sues!

 

Please Review!!!!

 

Chapter 13

Suit and Suitor

 

When they arrived back in the village, Hunter was extremely surprised. It turned out they had only been gone a half-hour. This meant that the portal had not only taken no time at all but also had thrown them a little bit backwards in time.

 

After the deer had been dropped off, Brian rushed out and ran full tilt to the tavern where a certain blond boy beauty was schlepping coffee to the usual ingrates.

 

Brian stood there, heaving like a bull, lust blazing out of his eyes, wanton wanting, nay, need seeping out of every pore.

 

Justin finished pouring the coffee he was in the middle of and turned, attracted and a little turned on by the heaving Alpha who was oozing machismo like a sweating construction worker.

 

Justin's baby blues widened in surprise and dilated in lust. "Brian! You're home already? What....what happened? What's wrong?"

 

"Put...down...the...coffee!" Brian growled out with a feral intensity.

 

Justin hastened to obey. "Brian...What on Earth is the ma - mmmmmppphhhhh.....mmmmmph.....mmmmmmmm!!!!" The last was a purr of pure pleasure.

 

As soon as the hot liquid was out of the way, Brian had rushed over and taken Justin in his arms with the intent to never let him out of them again. One hand was on the small of his back and the other kneaded the perfect globes of his blond boy's bubble butt. The hand on his back slid slllooooooowwly up his spine, massaged the back of his neck until Justin was weak in the knees and then moved up to cradle the back of his head. Brian dipped him and continued to mercilessly tongue fuck his young lover, leaving no crevice of his mouth unexplored. It was a display of utter domination and ownership right in the middle of everybody and Justin decided he had slipped into a very pleasurable dream state from which he hoped he would never wake from.

 

Dimly, the two men heard a noise but both couldn't be bothered. Well, Justin was in a fog of pleasure, his nips were aching to be touched and pinched, and every nerve ending was on fire. Brian just didn't give a damn.

 

When they finally came up for air with a resounding pop, the rest of the world came back into focus. They realized the noise was the entire place catcalling and whistling and clapping. People were rubbernecked and kneeling on the seats of the booths, all the better to see them.

 

Justin lay there in Brian's arms, eyes closed, aftershocks of pleasure still pulsing through him. Slowly, awareness of the real world intruded. As if awaking from a deep sleep, his eyelids fluttered slowly open. "Brian! What the deuce!? We only just saw each other a little while ago! What on earth's the matter?"

 

"Feels like a lot longer to me! Hours! Days!" growled Brian.

 

"Hey! We're all enjoying the little show but we had a deal! Time to get back to work!" Hardy yelled from the window.

 

Brian strode over to the window in three, long feral steps. "I'm changing the deal!" he growled.

 

Hardy gulped. "Wha - what do you mean?"

 

Brian pulled out the 4 gold pieces that Randal had given him and slammed them down on the window. "Is this enough to pay for the room and Justin's liberty until we leave?"

 

Hardy bit one of the gold pieces and gulped. This was the real deal, all right, he could tell. "And then some! Here...I'll do it for two!" He gave two of the coins back.

 

"Thanks! That's decent of you!" Brian took them and returned to Justin. The blond was red faced and a little pissed off.

 

"You know, I kind of liked this job!" he said.

 

"I didn't. It was cutting into the time where I could have been fucking you into the mattress!"

 

Justin gasped again. His cheeks pinked and his eyes dilated some more. He had never been more turned on in his life.

 

Brian bent and ravaged his pink, perfect lips some more. After a time, he rose up and his eyes were feral and intense with lust and need.

 

"I'm going to fuck you now. Hard and over and over again! But before I do, I want to ask you something. Are you mine!?"

 

Justin looked up and searched his needy eyes in confusion. He could tell Brian was asking him something else, something much more important. Something had happened out in those woods and Justin wasn't sure he was going to like it.

 

"Brian...I don't understand! What's wrong? Are you all..."

 

"Answer the question Goldilocks! Are...you...mine!?"

 

"Of course, Brian! Now and forever. I will have no other."

 

Brian kissed him roughly, deeply, nipped his tongue, his lips. He snuffled his way down and kissed his neck growling in pleasure.

 

Justin allowed this a bit and then used one tip of one finger to lift Brian's chin until he was staring deep into the tortured depths of Brian's soul.

 

"Not so fast, my big, bad wolf! I ask you the same! Are you mine!? Truly mine from now on? What's really going on, Brian? What happened to you?""

 

Brian stilled. "I just needed to know. Now more than ever. And yes. If you had asked me that week ago, a day ago, this morning, I wouldn't have been able to tell you! But I can now! With all my heart....I am yours!"

 

A sensual smile curved Justin's cupid bow lips. "Talk is cheap, Wolf!"

 

Brian sucked in a growly breath and could hardly breathe out again. He was on the edge.

 

Then he grabbed Justin up by his waist and slung him over his shoulder and strode toward the back room. He carried him inside and slammed the door with his foot.

 

There was tumultuous applause before the humdrum of noise, complaining, and conversation took over the place again. Deb waved in a musician who started to play just for good measure.

 

@@@@@@@BJGR

 

Several rounds of mind-blowing sex later:...

 

 

 

Justin sighed in supreme contentment and laid his head on Brian's chest. He listened carefully and he could tell the outside diner was quiet and closed. They were alone.

 

"So....you wanna tell me what this is all about yet?" he asked.

 

"What are ya talkin' about?" Brian returned.

 

Justin propped up on one elbow and looked at him incredulously.

 

"Seriously? Well, let's do a rundown shall we? Showing up in the middle of the day and charging in like a hero on steroids. Buying my way out of a job with money I didn't know we had. And then...fucking me silly into the mattress over and over and...I've lost count."

 

"You're welcome, by the way," Brian said drily.

 

"Being thankful isn't the issue here! Thank you...by the way. But my point is....why!? Did something happen?"

 

"Do we really have to analyze everything? Let's just chalk it up to being extra horny and enjoy the sex. Now, how about we go ag- ..."

 

" Again!! Geez Brian, Lord knows I can keep up with you but even I have my limits! I need a break! This is what I'm talking about! All, right! What's going on? What happened out there and what am I missing?"

 

Brian sighed hugely and then said as if it was no big deal. "Well, you're bound to find out sooner or later anyway. The twinks got engaged."

 

Justin's face lit up in a huge smile and he said, "Married...that's great! We'll have to do something special and...." He fell quiet.

 

"What!?"

 

Justin was silent. Then a slow, simply enormous smile cracked his face in two. "I know what this is," he said.

 

Brian grew alarmed. "No! No you don't! Whatever you are thinking, that's not it!! Stop it! Stop it right now!!"

 

"That's why you had us swear devotion before this fuck-fest started! Brian...Are you in some weird Alpha male fucking competition with the twinks? Like if they get married, we have to fuck all night?"

 

"NO! No, that's not what this is!"

 

"Thank God, because I'd hate to see what you'd be like when they got married! Wait....."

 

"No! No waiting! No thinking! Let's just.... Just....oh hell!"

 

Because Justin had figured it out. "Brian....Are we married? Is this what this is? Some weird twisted way of how you celebrate getting engaged...or married?"

 

"What!!!? Married? Fuck no!"

 

"Damn right, fuck, no!" Justin repeated, watching him shrewdly.

 

"What do you mean, no!!" roared Brian, " You just promised YOU WERE MINE!! WHO!? WHO IS IT! Who else are you fucking! The butcher!? That bodybuilt baker!? The one who makes those gingerbread men...just for you!! The candle maker!?"

 

"Candle maker!? Baker? What are you talking about? Brian, I'm not fucking with anyo..."

 

"I know!" Brian yelled, still in full queen out. "It's that guy who runs the muffin shop!

 

"What? Who? The muffin man?"

 

"The muffin man!" Brian growled in feral jealously

 

"What? That one on Drury Lane?" asked Justin, a little alarmed.

 

"The one...on Drury Lane!" repeated Brian reflectively, punching a fist into a palm. "The one who's going to need a lot of candles from that candle maker...for his own funeral!!"

 

"Brian Kinney! You leave those sweet men alone! Especially the muffin man!! I spoke the truth. I am yours. I fuck no one else."

 

"But then why...?"

 

"Brian...the vows I made earlier I have been keeping all the time...every day...for over five years now without any expectation of hearing them returned. And it's the first time since you've made that promise to me in all that time, I might add! But if you want to consider us married...then I want what the twinks have! I want a solid declaration...a proposal...not to mention a bit of ‘bling! bling!' that fits right here!" He held up his left ring finger and wiggled it.

 

Brian lay back and covered his eyes with his forearm. "Dear God! I've officially disembarked onto the island of Lesbos!"

 

Justin lay back on his side of the cots in a huff. ""Fine! Whatever!" He turned his back.

 

There was a pause.

 

"Justin...please don't turn away."

 

"If you think we are going to....now, you're..."

 

"We don't have to...do anything. Just hold me....I need to feel you. I don't want to feel the cold anymore."

 

Justin turned looked into Brian's eyes. He was astonished to see tortured depths. He quirked an eyebrow in a perfect imitation. "There's something else. Something you haven't told me yet. What do you mean...cold?"

 

"You're a perceptive little shit, aren't you?" Brian breezed. But he sobered and took a deep breath when Justin didn't respond. "OK...Well, don't freak out or anything....But something happened out there in the woods. I know it's only been a half hour or something for you...but I feel like I've been away for hours, maybe half a day!"

 

Justin just looked confused and waited for him to continue.

 

"Well, the thing is...and don't freak out here...me and the boys mighta...sorta...kinda fell through...a kind of door... portal.... intoanalternatereality," he finished in a rush.

 

"Into a WHERE!!!?" Justin freaked.

 

"Justin....you promised you wouldn't freak."

 

"NO....I...DIDN'T!!!" Justin continued to freak.

 

"Oh...Right."

 

In lieu of a shirt collar, Justin pulled Brian up by his chest hair until they were nose to nose. "Tell me everything.....NOW!!"

 

Brian took a deep breath and nodded. "Well, the whole thing started out rather..."

 

 

 

One Narnian Horror Story later:...

 

"And that's the whole story!" said Brian.

 

"Queen's Consort!!" Justin was aghast.

 

"I know, right? My skin's still crawling."

 

"Hmmmm. So that's why you're trying to crawl into mine," Justin quipped, "You did mention that you were the bigger queen though, right?"

 

"It didn't come up, I'm afraid. I was too busy running for my life. If it wasn't for the beaver and....I think it was a satyr....I would have been done for."

 

"What strange magic that world must have," Justin mused.

 

"I don't want to think about it. I'm just glad I got back to you!" Brian sipped a taste of ambrosia lips.

 

"Amen to that!" Justin agreed.

 

They pulled up the covers and got back to the magic they were best at doing...with each other.

 

@@@@@@BJGR

 

The rest of the week was fairly uneventful.

 

The whole lot of them basically kept out of Hunter's way while he worked and Hunter worked on the suit often. Brian and Justin kept up the fuck-fest and Gus and Randal just did errands or shopped around town or just dreamed and planned their wedding. They started a scrapbook. None of them ventured too deeply into the woods again. And after their adventure, they figured they had done their part by getting the deer. And none of them wanted to see exactly what Hunter was going to do with that deer to turn it into clothes.

 

Whatever he did, must have been a kind of magic of his own, for upon the appointed day, the deer was gone and the hunter who had never killed, presented them with the long awaited, much sought after suit.

 

There was an undershirt of the softest cotton included and over that was to be worn under the tunic. The tunic was stiff in the collar and supple in the chest and ass and while it wore like a shirt, it extended lower with stiff strips of black leather. The entire suit was an erotic black leather and screamed sex.

 

There was a cod piece that was made out of a tight leather mesh, like a net with the tiniest of holes. It pulled on like underwear and looked like boxer briefs. In the front was a hard leather cup to lovingly enclose his cock and balls. Brian found the cup had been carefully perforated with tiny holes so this crucial area was protected but could breathe. The cup snapped on at the top and could be unsnapped and folded down let him go to the bathroom.

 

Next were the pants. They were tailored to Brian's measurements and looked sprayed painted on. Justin thought they looked mouthwatering. They were assless and crotchless to allow the codpiece to work.

 

There was a new, wide, thick, strong leather belt. All around it, it had different sized snap up pouches that could hold vials or herb pouches or money or whatever. There were strong leather loops on the left and right hand side for a scabbard to fit through. Then, as a great surprise, Hunter presented belts to Justin and Gus and Randal in their sizes as well.

 

There were gauntlets; arm pieces that were like wristbands but reached from wrist to elbow. They laced up on the inner side of the arm. They were strong and stiff and made Brian feel incredibly protected. There were gloves; they were soft and supple and skin tight and fit around his wrists elastically. They were erotic and gorgeous.

 

The boots were stiff and strong and as Hunter had promised. They flared all the way up to the top of the leg but could be folded down to thigh high.

 

And, as a coup de grace, just for the hell of it, was a strong leather cap that fit snugly over his crown but around the edges was decoratively cut in points so that it looked like a crown.

 

"So....how do I look?" Brian asked, with the whole ensemble on, his hands proudly on his hips.

 

"Like a king," said Gus.

 

"Like a warrior," said Randal.

 

"Mouthwatering," said Justin.

 

"Good. Just what I was going for," Brian said, grabbing Justin. He dipped him and ravaged his mouth and Justin went a little limp everywhere except one crucial place. (If you know what I mean, wink, wink!)

 

All too soon, Brian released him and set him on his feet and Justin carefully breathed and tried to remember which way was up. Everyone else found this highly entertaining.

 

"Is it there?" he heard Brian ask.

 

"Is what where?" Justin asked.

 

"Check the large pouch on your right," Hunter answered in amusement.

 

Brian did and took something out. Justin looked on in confusion.

 

Then his confusion turned to deeper confusion and then suspicion, then a fluttering hope, then a wild hope, then a wild joy with a splash of elation thrown in for good measure.

 

Brian, dressed to the nines and towering over him like a leather god, had bent on one knee and opened his hand. On one black, leather palm lay two finely crafted golden rings. They were shaped like two thick bands twisted together in a double golden helix. The golden double helix was welded to two silver wires on either side. The whole thing formed a thick, manly wedding band.

 

best-irish-wedding-ring.jpg

"Brian! What are you doing?" Justin asked in consternation because his heart was thumping in a wild hope and he hated it because this couldn't be what he thought it was and when he found out what it really was, the disappointment was going to crush him.

 

"I'm getting ready for island life," Brian quipped. Then he sobered and said: "Justin, I can safely say that you've put up with a lot of bullshit from me since we met. I - I didn't know what a wonderful man you would turn out to be. What a wonderful man you are. I wish...so much I could go back in time and do things differently. So many things. But I can't. I can only tell you, I'm sorry, and move forward, and that I declare now, in front of all our friends that I love you. I love only you. I want only you. And I want you to only want me. Will you take this ring...and marry me."

 

Justin felt all floaty and lightheaded and figured he was about to pass out in pure pleasure. He came a little in his pants. He reached out and plucked one of the rings from Brian's hand. The double helix was simple yet artistic and so delicate that it almost seemed like it had been made by elves or even a fairy.

 

"But...where did these come from?" he asked, mostly to stall, because he was absolutely flummoxed.

 

"I took the two coins Hardy gave me back to a jeweler and some of the silver twig and had them make these. Did a pretty fucking good job too, I must say. So...is this enough ‘bling! bling!...for you?"

 

"You...so you really want...you want to marry me?" he asked, "Are you sure?" He looked down into his eyes and saw only that they were wide with sincere love and hope and a touch of anxiety.

 

"Yup," Brian replied simply, "So how about it?"

 

"My God, this is like a dream. I've waited for this for so long! Oh yes! Brian, yes, of course I'll marry you. I love you too!"

 

He pulled him up and pulled him in for a kiss. Brian's lips and tongue were hungry. All around them was the sound of clapping from the eager spectators.

 

Then Justin noticed the clapping was getting slower and slower. He broke off in confusion and it seemed as if Ben, Hunter, Gus and Randal were clapping through water. Then molasses. Then slower then that. At the same time the entire room was shining white. As everything got slower the room got brighter. As white as snow. Whiter than that. Dazzlingly white.

 

"Brian, what the hell is going on!?" yelled Justin.

 

"I don't know! Brian yelled back, "Just...just hold onto me! Don't let go!!!"

 

"What are you talking about!?"

 

"What is this magic? Is this another portal?" Brian yelled.

 

"I don't know!"

 

"I feel a pulling! I won't lose you again!"

 

"You won't! Justin said. He grabbed Brian around the chest but the leather was slippery.

 

"Justin!!...Don't let go!!"

 

There was a blinding white flash.

 

TBC

End Notes:

A/N: Well, it's official! I am pure evil, aren't I?

 

Chapter 14 - The Engagement Party. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

Dedication: Dedicated to my reviewers, who I will affectionately refer in this missive as…my seven dwarves.  Thank you JAZZY, YumYummy, Flossee, TAGgy, DavidR…sey, and Dec2. And to my invisible dwarf but ever present…..Horny!


A/N: Last scene written by TAG for your sexy pleasure.


Chapter 14

The Engagement Party

Last time on 104 Days...

      “Justin!!....Don’t let go!!!”

   There was a blinding white flash.

And now…

   The white light faded away again

   “AHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” screamed Brian and Justin in abject horror.

   “Oh you boys! Now stop it! Geez, you’d think you were meeting Justin Beiber instead of l’il ole me!”

   “Wait a minute…who??” asked Justin.

   “Oooops! Sorry, wrong dimension! My point is…calm the fuck down!”

   Standing before them was the most grotesque, bizarre apparition they had ever come across so far. It was a tall drag queen with big lips, a high forehead, and otherwise unfortunately overly masculine features. She wore a blond wig and was heavily made up; too much rouge, mascara like a raccoon, huge fake eyelashes, and bright red lipstick that shone repulsively wet. S/he was dressed as a bride. His/her dress was long and flowing and elaborate with silk and satin folds and ruffles and ribbons. It buttoned up with seed pearls and was adorned with diamonds, white sequins and pearls necklaces that wound around about 5 times. She wore white gold and diamond rings on every finger. S/he wore white fabric gloves that reached up to his/her elbows. His/her veil was pulled back and light and airy. S/he was surrounded by a bright, white aura that pulsed gently, yet strong and steadily.

   “Who…or what…are you?” asked Brian brusquely. He pointedly pushed Justin gently behind him and drew himself up to his tallest most imposing, most leathery self as he could muster.

   “Brian! And Justin! How glad I am able to come to you at last!” the apparition gushed, completely ignoring Brian’s distress. “And oh my! All that luscious, black leather! You look positively scrumptious! You contrast exactly with my white outfit! Mind if I get a picture?”

   And without waiting for an answer, she shoved her way over, pressed himself in a tight buddy hug with Brian and snapped her fingers. A small black box appeared in midair. There was a second white flash that left Brian with spots in front of his eyes. There was a whining and the He/she took something out of the box. The box vanished in a puff of smoke.

   “What the hell was that?” asked Justin.

   “Polaroid….Oh right….Just more inter dimensional stuff. Don’t worry your sunshine-ey head about it!”

   “Hey! I asked you a question! Who are you!?” asked Brian again.

   “Someone who’s been waiting to help you for a long…long time,” the drag queen answered, “I am the Fairy of committed, lasting love. The love that comes with wanting to be married.”

   “I’ve had that kind of love for ages,” said Justin, “Why couldn’t you come to us before now?”

   “Because, my sweet ray of sunshine,” the Fairy answered, “The love needed to flow both ways and until Brian felt the same way and proposed, I could do nothing. Shame on you, Brian Kinney, for keeping me waiting so long! But you’ve proposed at last, so now I can help you.”

   “Help us? You’re here to help?” asked Justin tremulously, “But then why were you dragging us away? Where are we?”

   “Honey…You’re in the same place you always were. Ben’s place. Look around.”

   They shook their heads and blinked madly a little still trying to get over the dazzle effect. But they saw that the Fairy was right. They were still in Ben’s apartment and their friends were still there around them, stock still and silent as statues in various poses of applause.

   “But…what’s wrong with them?” asked Brian.

   “There’s nothing wrong with them,” answered the Fairy, “You see, the pulling you felt was me pulling you out of time. We’re…in a kind of bubble…in a single moment in time. This way we can chat for as long as we like and when we’re done, I’ll put you back and none of this will have taken up any time at all. You can tell your friends all about it….or not. They’ll never know the difference.”

   “We would never do anything like that to them!” Brian yelled, outraged.

   “Well, that’s entirely up to you,” said the Fairy, “And that’s very admirable Brian. I was just letting you know about the choices you have.”

   “I’m sorry, did you say you could help us?” Justin asked, taking over, while Brian calmed down.

   “Oh yes! I’m not sure how much this will help you but it’s all I have to give. First, for you, Justin, is this. The Fairy plucked a small crystal vial full of a sky-blue potion out of the air. S/he handed it carefully, placing it into Justin’s palm as if it were a bomb. Which it was, as it turned out. “This potion is the liquid form of the time loop spell that you rescued Hunter from. Keep it safe. Do not drop it unless you intend to use it. And do not let it drop on you or you will be caught in the spell yourself and trapped in the loop and there will be no escape unless someone else rescues you the way you rescued Hunter.”

   “Good grief! Why would you give me something like this!?” Justin asked in consternation. He put the bottle on the coffee table as if were the aforementioned bomb.

   “As a weapon.” The Fairy said honestly, “I feel there will be a time, and soon when there will be opportunity to use it. Whether you do, will be up to you. Use it. Keep it. Pass it down through your family. It’s entirely up to you.”

   “Brian. For you, I have information. Look carefully.” The Fairy held out a hand and a few inches above her palm, an image of a flower appeared. It had a long stem and five wide petals, each a different color. There was a silver one, a blue, a green, an orange, and a snow white one.”

   “Do you know what this is?” asked the Fairy.

   “It’s a flower,” Brian said as if it was a no brainer, “But I’ve never seen the likes. The petals…they’re the colors of the fairies who’ve helped us. Except the orange one. I don’t remember that one.”

   “That is the color of the Fairy of Puppy Love. He helped Gus so you did not see him. But he saved your life.”

   “Oh. I didn’t know. Can you thank him for me?”

   “I can. I’ll pass along your regards. As for the flower, it is growing near the Witch’s tower. But you must hunt for it. It and it alone will allow you to penetrate the Witch’s barrier and allow you to enter the castle to free those who are trapped within.”

   “I understand,” Brian said.

   The image faded. “The next gift I can give is for both of you. It is the gift of male pregnancy. Would you like it?”

   “Hells, yeah!” shouted Justin.

   “Be careful, Justin. This is a serious gift. Babies last a lifetime.”

   Brian looked a little green around the gills. “Kids? Shit, Sunshine, are you sure?”

   “Yes Brian. If I start a family with you, I’d definitely want kids with you eventually. I was going to bring up the idea of adoption in due time but this would be better! Our very own kids, think of it, Brian!”

   Brian looked down in consternation at Justin looking up in abject need and hope. And knew he could deny him nothing.

   “Aww, shit, Sunshine! I can’t say no to you! We’ll make it work.”

   “Very well. Now…which of you wants to be the bearer?”

   There was total silence as both of them stood stock still in shock. Justin turned pale and Brian turned even greener.

   “Ahh…” said the Fairy.

   Justin turned to discuss it and saw Brian’s green face. He rolled his eyes. ‘Oh for heaven’s sake, Brian! It’s childbirth, not a death sentence!”

   “Are you sure?” croaked Brian.

   “Oh for….” Justin turned away from his frog Prince and squared his shoulder and took a deep breath. “I’ll do it,” he said, with bravery he didn’t feel.

   “Very well, Justin. Good luck.” The Fairy reached out and touched his forehead with the tip of her index finger and left a shining white mark on his forehead that pulsed three times and then sunk into his body. “When the curse is broken and you are married, within a year you shall bear your first child. But be forewarned….Your first will not be your last.”

   “Oh….thank you! Oh! But what about Gus and Randal!?”

   “You are under the curse of the Witch and I’ve been sent to help you. I’m sorry. I cannot help them.”

   “Oh please! I’ll feel terrible if we come out of this state with this blessing and they don’t! Isn’t there anything you can do?”

   The Fairy sighed hugely. “Oh, you humans and always wanting more!” S/he sighed again and thought a bit. “OK. Here’s the deal. Tonight I will come to them both in a collective dream and offer them the same thing regarding male pregnancy. However, in the meantime, you must not warn them that I am coming or that they even have this opportunity. You can tell them that you have the gift but nothing about them or that they are eligible. They must find out on their own and it must be solely their decision. Understand?

   “I’m not sure I understand but I’ll agree to your terms,” said Justin. Brian merely nodded.

   “I’m sorry Justin but it’s the most I can do without breaking a lot of serious rules. Just hang tough and everything will go back to normal tomorrow.”

   “Justin just nodded quietly.

   “Now…one last thing I can do for you. Take this…” She handed over a perfectly round pebble that was a beautiful aquamarine color. “Just mention where you want to go and throw this on the ground in front of you. A portal will open up and take you there. One time use…one way only so use it carefully.”

   “Portal!?” Brian was leery, “Are you sure that one’s…safe?”

   “I am familiar with what happened to you, Brian. This one is different. It will only take you anywhere in this world. OK?”

   “Yeah, OK. That sounds all right then. Thanks a lot.”

   “Yes! Thank you…for everything!” Justin gushed.

   “You’re welcome fellas! Congratulations! And good luck on your new lives together! Good luck! And…farewell!” The apparition faded and grew even more ugly and then indistinct to boot and then there was another blinding flash.

   When it faded, it was gone and everyone else was back and clapping tiresomely and unaware that anything had happened at all.

   That is, until Gus saw Justin take a huge sigh and drop down onto the sofa and rub his eyes a little tiredly. Brian plopped down beside him and put his arm around him.

   “Jus? Everything ok?” Gus asked.

   “Yeah…Everything’s cool,”

   “You seem different. A little tired. And…and you’re glowing a bit! Did something happen just now? Oh, my God! Did you have a visitation?” he asked excitedly in a spurt of inexplicable insight.

   “Yes. As a matter of fact we did. We’ve been talking with someone, a Fairy of Committed Love for the last half hour or so. She pulled us into a kind of place where time didn’t matter. Anyway, we got some great stuff…Look at this…”

Some time later…

   “And that’s the whole story,” Justin finished.

   Hunter was eyeing the vial of blue liquid like it was a snake or bomb and was trying to control his breathing with difficulty.

   “Hey guys? Be…very careful with that, will’ya? And do me a favor? Put it somewhere safe…now!”

   He was only able to breathe a bit easier when Justin made sure the stopper was tightly jammed in there and had tucked it away in one of his belt pouches.

   Both of them decided not to mention the pregnancy issue at all until tomorrow.

   After that the whole thing turned into a kind of engagement party. And since the apartment over the shop started to feel a little close, and since Brian was ever the extrovert, they all decided to go to the pub and share the good news and the suit.

   The walk to the pub elicited a lot of catcalls and whistles and rubbernecking. Many people dropped everything and followed them. Brian loved it. Justin hated it. He kept tight hold of his leathered lover’s waist in propriety. Brian led the way like a leathered up pied piper.

   Inside the pub was even better…or worse. The loudest catcall of all came from Debbie.  Things were slightly dampened when it turned out the ruff and buff butcher; the bodybuilt baker and the lean but blond and ropy muscled candlestick maker were all there!

   However, it turned out the buff butcher had more eyes for Brian than he did for Justin! He blatantly eye fucked the leathered stud and copped a feel of the codpiece both front and back.

   “Mmmmmm! Your rump roast is mighty firm! Is the front just as impressive?” the beefy meat marketer asked lecherously.

   “You’ll never know! Besides…I don’t bottom so my ass is irrelevant…and now off limits…except to my boy!” Brian indicated Justin.

   Of course that was the perfect time to spring the news that they were engaged and Gus and Randal too. There was a huge cheer and the entire pub turned into an engagement party with toasting and drinking and free lemon bars. The buff baker and the candle maker discreetly slipped out. The butcher slumped in his stool, a little disappointedly.

   However, he perked up again when Brian and Justin both took pity on him and sat on either side of him started a hot 3 way make out session. However, he was warned he’d have to be content with making out and as long as they were all playing together.

   Half an hour later, the gym built baker and the candlestick maker returned! It turned out they had slipped out to retrieve gifts from their shops. The baker brought three plates of gingerbread men cookies for everybody, 4 chocolate cakes with Congratulations in white frosting on the top, and four very special, very anatomically correct, gingerbread men, one for each engaged man. The candlestick maker brought four bunches of assorted scented candles, tied up in a ribbon for each of them.

   Their joy was complete. They munched their cookies and cake and ohh’ed and ahhh’ed over their candles. Justin stood.

   “On behalf of my partner and me, we’d really like to thank you all for…”

   BANG!! The door slammed open.

   “Hot stuff…coming through!!!” called a loud voice, “I hear some-body’s gettin’ MAARRR—IIEED!!!”

   And in walked a huge man wearing nothing but black leather boots, tight, black leather pants, a deep, muscular chest on mouthwatering display and black, leather bow tie and wrist cuffs. In each hand he carried a huge tray piled high with a round pyramid of assorted cupcakes. On his head, he perfectly balanced a third tray piled high in a huge pyramid of brownies.

   There were catcalls and whistles and cheers and screams and all the gay and bi men’s dicks sprang to attention. And each and every one yelled out: “HI TODD!!!” because they all knew who this was. Yes that’s right! It was the MUFFIN MAN! Yes that muffin man! The one from Drury Lane!

   After that, the party got even rowdier. It turned out that a LOT of people really knew the muffin man. (If you know what I mean, wink! wink!) And Todd loved the attention. After the trays had been put down and the newly soon-to-be weds had taken first pick, Todd cleared a space and began to dance. He lined them all up in a row and gave them all a four-way leather lap dance. He gyrated his hips and moved in close but pulled back teasingly just in time. He gave them all equal attention so nobody had to be jealous. And then…he moved back…and pulled…and his pants flew off! Underneath was a leather jock strap and nothing else! He gyrated and danced with a lot of hips and the music got faster and more primal. He moved into a more central location and soon a brave soul joined him and received a deep kiss for his bravery.

   “Hey Todd! This ain’t that kind of place you know!” Deb yelled.

   She pulled few switches under the counter, and the lights dimmed and a small, multifaceted ball on the ceiling that everybody otherwise ignored started turning slowly. Other, dimmer lights switched on and flashed and bounced off the ball and suddenly the place was a dim, flashing, multicolored nightclub!

   “NOW…It’s that kinda place!” screamed Deb, and she cackled like a wicked witch.

   Todd loved it. His movements became more and more pronounced, more and more sexual. He pulled in another person and deeply kissed him. At the same time, he eye fucked with the newly engaged. Then someone else joined in. Soon, Todd was surrounded by gyrating, half naked guys and a few girls in what was basically a vertical orgy.

   Soon the whole place was a sexy dance club. The music got louder, the booze flowed and the night passed. Everyone was extremely happy. Eventually there came a time though where Brian, Justin, Gus, and Randal had had enough. Brian called for attention and told them all to keep partying for as long as they wanted but as for them they were moving on to something more private. Gus and Randal left with Ben and Hunter and the Brian and Justin left for their little back room. Everyone cheered a send off but at last they were in their own little room with the door shut and locked tight. And it turned out this was a good thing to do as more than once as the night progressed did the knob turn as a drunken hopeful decided to try their luck.

@@@@@BJGR


 

However, safe in their dim room, with the candlestick maker’s gift candles burning, that wasn't the knob that either Brian or Justin were interested in at that precise moment. Justin had been wanting to investigate that spiffy new leather codpiece of Brian's all day. The leather looked soft and supple but at the same time, so incredibly firm! The boys were barely in their room before Justin started stroking and rubbing at that intriguing codpiece, excited by the idea of the treasures it held.

"Oh, Brian. I don't think you've ever looked hotter than you do tonight," Justin groaned as he quickly stripped off his own clothes and then started humping at Brian's leather-clad leg. "Fuck, it's so soft against my skin and it smells so . . . Leathery. It makes you seem so virile and manly. You've got to fuck me right now!"

Brian was more than willing to comply with his beautiful boy's commands. He immediately tore off the small leather cap and started to unlace the leather tunic. He didn't get far, though before Justin's hands were pulling his own away and retying the leather laces.

"Oh no, Big Boy," Justin whispered into his manly man's ear. "The leather stays ON! I want to feel that soft buckskin all over every single inch of my body."

Brian held his hands up in a gesture of surrender. Justin glowed at him with approval and then started to move and writhe and shimmy around the larger man's body, rubbing up against the lengths of leather every time he moved. It was exquisite torture. It was rapture. He was soaking in every tiny fold of supply hide, every waft of saddle soap, scratching against every stitch of strong thread and sinew. And, even better, it was all wrapped up in the natural musky scent of Brian. Before he was through with his shaking shimmying dance around his fiancée, Justin was already hornier than a longhorn bull in a springtime meadow full of heifers.

Justin slowly backed away towards the bed, towing Brian along by one belt loop. Brian, who was enjoying the show almost as much as his partner seemed to be, put up no resistance. When Justin felt the edge of the cots pinch against his calves, he slowly sank to his knees and trailed his hands down his leatherman's long supple sides until his hands reached the waistband of the amazing codpiece. All it took was a quick *snap, snap* and Justin had the cup of the codpiece flipped down and all the precious cargo inside was revealed in its full glory.  

Justin bent forward for his first taste of the dark plum colored head that was already starting to leak droplets of sticky white. He licked delicately at the tip, just grazing the hot soft skin. Brian's dick jumped at the barely there touch as if it was eager to help out.

Gripping Brian's hips with both hands, the feel of the smooth buckskin heating up against his palms, Justin pulled his big leather treat closer. The smell of the leather was working with the pheromones of his partner to make the young blond almost rabid for more. He leaned back and pulled the leather-clad hips after him, forcing Brian to reach out and stop himself before smashing into his smaller framed lover.  

The duo inched up higher on the cot under them, their eager mouths meeting and their lips fusing together. Justin helped Brian move so that his body was completely covered by the lengths of leather draping Brian. He felt almost cocooned by the feeling of the cool skins which slowly warmed to match his body temperature. Brian was equally thrilled by the feeling of the totally naked, velvety smooth, alabaster skin that was now all his. They were rutting against each other continuously now, their bodies absorbing the complex new sensations, tastes and textures that Brian’s new suit engendered.

As the friction between them increased, their sweat caused the leather to dampen in spots and rub differently, but it wasn’t unpleasant. Justin rather liked the way the warmer, wet buckskin dragged at his nipples and the thin flesh around his hips. It was a wholly new sensation and it egged his lust on higher than ever before.

It wasn’t long though before the youth couldn’t take any more without exploding. “I need to feel you inside me, Brian,” Justin whispered huskily, his hips pressing upward against Brian’s magnificently large and ready cock.

“You ARE MINE!” Brian insisted, still not feeling totally reassured after his journey into that weird otherworldly portal not so long ago.. “Always mine. Now that I’ve got you, I’m never letting you get away. We WILL break this curse, Justin. We will!”


And with that final ‘will’, Brian thrust deep into his young soon-to-be-husband. Justin could feel every long, achingly wonderful inch of Brian’s wondrous cock as it slid home. Brian paused briefly to let them both adjust to this abrupt intrusion but couldn’t hold off for very long. Before Justin had even caught his breath, Brian was rocking out and in, out and in, out and then in again, each time deeper and harder and more passionately. The drag of the sweat slick leather against his groin enhanced every thrust and pull for the randy, naked youth, and the edge of the cod piece’s cup chafed in delicious ways whenever Brian sank in especially deeply. His own cock was trapped between his stomach and the tough yet smooth leather of Brian’s tunic. The sensitized skin of his dick was even more aware of the erotic pull of the buckskin as it became drenched by his leaking precum and alternately rubbed or slid across his hard shaft.

The aphrodisiac qualities of the magnificent leather suit had done their job on both men. Neither were likely to last very long. Each time Brian rammed into his willing companion, he nudged against the boy’s sweet spot. Between the luscious leather touching everywhere against his skin and the pulsing warmth caressing him from the inside, Justin was ecstatic. A tingling warmth welled up from his gut and ebbed until he was closer and closer to the edge. One more thrust. Another. Another. Then the welling warmth became a flood and it washed through Justin, cooling the tingling flames as it swelled over and around him and then swamped through Brian’s senses as well. The liquid heat flowed out between them, evidenced by the thick streams cum that filled the boy with joy and splashed all over the front of Brian’s brand new tunic.

When they were lying together, momentarily sated, their panting breathing echoing together against the almost bare walls of their little room, Justin looked down at the sticky mess between them. He tried to move away a little but found he was practically glued to Brian’s leather shirt which was in turn stuck to it’s wearer’s body with sweat. The leather suit had definitely looked better.

“You think maybe somebody in this village has a magic spell that can clean cum stains out of leather?” Justin asked with chagrin.

“Wasn’t Todd wearing leather?” asked Brian.

“I think so.”

“Well, let’s hoof it down to Drury Lane tomorrow and see if he knows a place. Otherwise, we’ll just wipe off as much as we can and hope for the best.”

Brian looked down as well, not sure what the etiquette was for showing up to break a spell while your special magical leather suit was spotted and cum stained. Brian figured that it really shouldn’t matter. It was the thought that counted, right? Then they both broke out into peals of unrestrained laughter. It wouldn’t have been quite as much fun going up against Craig without the now well decorated suit.



Chapter 15 - Love is Strength. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

Dedicated to my six dwarves, TAGgy, Yummy, Flossee, JAZZY, David R-sey, and Dec.<2> Anyone else wanna pipe up and make this an even seven?  Or more than seven? That'd be super!



Chapter 15

Love is Strength

   The next day...well...the next day...they were off! Our four heroes awoke bright eyed and bushy tailed as they realized...Yes! They had acquired all four objects they needed and they could at last leave this dangerous and oppressive forest environment.

   And so, as soon as they had woke and washed and dressed in their finest, they vacated the little store room. Well, that is, after they had hunted down Todd, the Muffin Man and asked where he got his leather cleaned. Todd was very tired but he managed to give them directions to his dry cleaners (well, you know, one of those magic ones) before toddling back to bed that had the blond and lean candlestick maker in it. (He'd had a VERY late night<wink>).

   Fortunately, the dry cleaners were top notch and when they were done, the suit was clean as a whistle and somehow even sexier. Brian, of course, wriggled his rump right into that ‘ass-tacular' suit and they left to meet up back at Ben's. They all had a nice breakfast and again thanked Ben for his hospitality. However, Ben wouldn't hear anything about that because they had returned his wayward son to him, a dream he had long ago, set upon a dusty shelf and given up on.

   They were also able to talk about the pregnancy issue. It seemed to Justin like he'd had to keep his mouth shut forever. However, the White Fairy had honored her part of the agreement and had come in the dream and Gus and Randal had agreed! They had decided Gus was to be the bearer. They all rejoiced anew.

   And soon after that, and with all of them helping, they were packed and parceled and Arrow was saddled and bridled and everything was just...ready.

   They trotted down the length of Main Street. It was packed and lined with the villagers. The whole town had come out to see them off.  They threw flowers and laughed and cried a little as they would now be sorely missed and Arrow very much so as well. Justin sat first in the saddle, then Brian where he could leisurely feel him up in a languid, constant kind of way that was driving Justin crazy in a good way. Holding onto Brian's waist was Gus and behind him was Randal.

   They waved to everybody and trotted slowly down the length of the town and when they reached the end they all turned and waved again. The whole town was there with the spherical mayor and Deb at the front, a red-headed figure they would never forget. A great cheer rose up and they waved madly. They all waved back and then turned forward to road that had been made infinitely easier to ease on down.

   Justin took out the aquamarine stone and said in a firm, clear voice, "To King Carl's, that is, Gus' father, castle please...as fast as lightning!" And he threw it down on the ground before them.

   Instantly, a friendly blue portal opened up before them. It rippled and waved in front of them, like waves of water upon the shore. Through it, they could see a vague image of the ramparts and spires of a castle.

   And just like that, Arrow stepped through, the air rippled around them, and they were stepping out the other end and the other end was King Carl's courtyard. The portal closed and vanished behind them.

   For two weeks the flower crown had served them well and truth be told, they had learned to wear it well and otherwise take it for granted. It had stayed green and fresh and limber throughout their stay.

   The instant they had stepped through the portal and beyond the borders of the forest, the crown turned black and brittle and every flower instantly died. Justin could feel it happen atop his head and he quickly took it off to have about a 5 second look as it continued to die and more over broke into pieces and then dust in his hands. He turned tortured eyes toward Brian.

   "Oh Brian! I'd forgotten! I wish I'd..."

   But they never got to know what he wished for that relentless spell caught up with them at last and he was silenced in a white flurry of feathers.

   "NO!!" yelled Brian.

   But alas, the spell was cruel, and a moment later there was a white swan strutting around the courtyard, honking softly and Brian was sitting in the saddle with his arms empty and useless.

   He did not cry. He was Brian Fucking Kinney for Chrissakes and he didn't do tears. However, he did take a very long and slow deep breath there on the saddle. Then he quickly dug through the saddlebag and found the leather collar, almost forgotten. He jumped down, caught up with the swan and snapped it on with practiced ease. Immediately, Justin the swan perked up a bit and rambled back over near Arrow. He picked something up out of the dirt with his beak and gave it to Brian.

   It was his ring. Of course, it wouldn't fit a swan.

   Brian took another huge cleansing breath, fisted the ring, and then put it in a pouch for safekeeping.

   "Uhh....Brian....You gonna be OK?" asked Gus carefully.

   "I'm cool. Why don't you and Randal go say hi to your dad while I go to the stable and get the cow. You're welcome to come with me but I'll be leaving as soon as I get her, maybe about fifteen minutes or so."

   "Of course we'll come with you, we won't leave you now! Not like this! Will we, Randal?"

   "No, of course not! Besides, remember, I've got a witch after me as well now!"

   "Well then, say your hello's and goodbyes boys! We've got places to go and witches to KILL!"

@@@@@@BJGR

   The cow was doing well. Two weeks and a bit of good stable living had done her a world of good and she had left painfully thin long behind and was fast approaching fat. The stable keeper, who was a lot nicer this time since he had been paid regularly for a while now thanks to her, let Brian know that he had been milking her regularly and that the milk was now very sweet and good.

   To avoid the long trip they had endured on the way here, Brian procured a small cart, loaded the cow onto it, along with a large quantity of food that she could munch on the way. He then hooked this cart up to Arrow.

   Arrow gave him a reproachful stare but Brian was used to him by now.

   "Oh, now stop your complaining! Did you want to wait while that fat lump walks? Or refuses to because she's hungry? This is just easier and besides you're strong enough to carry three of her!"

   Arrow rolled his eyes and blew a shot of flame out of the corner of his mouth. He was now clearly saying: "Geez what - tever! What a drama queen!

   The twinks showed up right on time but all was not well. Gus was hopping mad and Randal was trying to comfort him.

   "What's the matter Gus?" asked Brian.

   "My father, that's what's the matter!" Gus seethed, "Seems he's been enjoying "empty nest time" quite a bit more than he realized and he didn't even offer us hospitality. I know we have to go and we'd have had to refuse but it would have been nice to be asked! But no, nice to see you....when are you off again...rubber stamp...next in line..."

   "Now Gus, it wasn't quite as bad as all that..." Randal tried to play good cop. "Besides...we do have to get going..."

   "That's not the worst of it!" Gus insisted, ignoring him, "He also had gotten a visit from two old men who were peddling some sort of...of religion or something and he won't pay or help or support our wedding in any way! He says it was bad enough he was tricked into getting Melanie and Lindsay married and he wasn't supporting another gay marriage. He's SEEN THE LIGHT, or so he says. He just kept using that as an excuse...Oh..I've seen the light....seen the light...Ohhhhhh!!!" Gus growled. "I'm so mad I could bite through nails!"

   "Hnmmmm.....I wonder what these douche bags looked like," mused Brian.

   "Wonder no more! They were both old men. Shriveled. One was bald and had glasses and had a round head and the other looked like he was always sucking on a lemon," said Randal.

   "Ohhhhhhh...gotcha! Come on boys we know exactly who these guys are! Bald...probably a round head...glasses..."

   "Oh, of course!" Randal was disgusted, "Walter!"

   "And the other one has to be...Craig...!" Brian spat out the name like it was a disease on his tongue. "As soon as we deal with them, I'm sure your father will snap out of this...thing he's into. It's most likely a spell."

   "You're probably right," Randal agreed. He shuddered. "Uhhhggghh! Dealing with one of those old coots was bad enough! It's going to be a real challenge taking them on now that they've teamed up!"

   "We can do it!" Brian declared, "But first we gotta get there! So climb aboard! Time to get going!"

   Everyone climbed on Arrow, except for Justin who flew up and alighted on the cow's back, which was now more than ample and settled in. The cow moo'ed a little in surprise but otherwise did not object.

   Then they were off, and somehow Arrow managed to put up a fast but normal pace that would be ok for wagon pulling. However, he could feel his young master's contempt and as a ‘screw you!' to that castle, just as they left he delicately lifted his tail and let a patty drop. This one smelled like full on skunk spray and was so strong that all the big strong guards standing in the courtyard retched and/or puked and/or passed out. It would be quite some time before it could be removed and disposed of.

@@@@@BJGR

   Summer was nearing its zenith. They didn't really realize the passage of time besides the two weeks they had to wait but it seemed as if there must have been some unaccounted days because the summer was at its height. With a bit of a jolt, Brian realized he hadn't been keeping track and had no idea how many of the 104 days they had left or even if they had any days left.

   It was sultry and hot during the day and mild during the night. All this had been muted in the almost perpetual shadow and shades of the forest. On the open road and in normality at last, summer hit them with full force. Bushes were heavy with berries and fields were heavy with nearly, or totally ripe crops. Haystacks were gone and cornfields were high. Dawn was early and sunset was not until 10 pm or so. In the days that followed Brian frequently got Gus and/or Randal to steer Arrow while he slept in the cart since now that the flower crown was gone he was once again a night owl. Literally.

   Thanks to Arrow and the carted cow, the return trip was a lot faster but it still took about 4 days or so.  But at last they were at the crossroads where Brian had...ahem...appropriated the cow. Far in the distance off to one side was a huge stalk that had been chopped down. It was green and ragged and unevenly chopped and looked totally alien. They kept going.

   And then they were at the picnic site. They were re-entering the woods. They could see the tower. And suddenly Brian was calling a halt.

   "Are we there?" asked Gus excitedly.

   "We are, or as near as I can remember before getting caught in that evil dick's trap. For now we better stop. And don't go any further forward or you'll be frozen and at his mercy. And he has none. I'm going to have a hunt around for that flower."

   And this is what he did. He began a long, slow, careful circuit of the tower, looking careful under bushes and around trees. He took his time and didn't get too near the tower but looked as far in as he dared but he often wondered if he was too far away or he was doing enough.

   He needn't have worried. About halfway around, on a grassy copse, exactly halfway between two willow trees, was the flower. It looked exactly like the one the White Fairy had showed him, although maybe a little larger. But it had the five wide petals of bright, distinct colors, one of silver, one of blue, one of green, one of orange, and one of white. They all glowed a little with an unearthly sheen.

   Brian gave a grim, triumphant smile, the one where his lips curled inside over his teeth and he hastened over to pick it and put it in his buttonhole. Then he practically ran back to the others.

   "I found it! I found it! At last, I think we've got those sonofabitches over a barrel!" Brian yelled, as he returned to the camp and Gus and Randal were in sight.

   They didn't answer and moreover looked positively woe-be-gone.

   "Hey! What's the matter, boys? You look like you've seen a gh-OHHH, MY SWEET GOOD GOD!!!"

   He turned a bit of a corner and there was Walter standing a few feet away keeping them covered with a strange, gnarled wand.

   "Well, well, well! Looks like midsummer's long past! And so's your magic! Now I'll have my revenge!"

   "Good grief! That is the scariest, ugliest mask I've ever seen! You nearly gave me heart failure!"

   "You fool! This is my face!" Walter yelled furiously.       

   "Really! I couldn't tell! Sucks for you!" quipped Brian, smiling viciously.

   "GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!" Walter was speechless with impotent rage.

   "That magic may be passé! But I was told of a new talisman! Get back, demon!" Brian held the flower aloft.

   "Fool! That's for the other witch! That has no power over me!" Walter waved his wand and an orange beam of magic streamed out. It hit Brian in the chest. The flower partially protected him but he was still thrown back 50 feet and against a tree. The magic beams wrapped themselves around him like iron and suddenly he was tied inescapably to the tree.

   "NO! You fucker! Let me outta this! Leave them alone!" Brian yelled ineffectively.

   Walter just laughed horribly and waved his wand and turned Arrow into a tiny, black puppy dog.

   "And now! At last I'll have my revenge! I'll find another tower and lock you up and away and this time, there you'll stay. You'll be my son, my lover, my toy, and do whatever you're told, just like a good little boy should!" he told Randal smugly and crazily, with his eyes rolling randomly in their sockets with madness.

   "No! Don't you touch him! Besides, I'll just rescue him again!" yelled Gus.

   "Not with your ride turned into a puppy dog you won't. You'll never find us again! It'll be just you...and me....forever!!" Walter gibbered madly.

   "I will never...ever...do anything...you want again!" Randal declared bravely, "We are not related and when we were together...you were a terrible father! I'll never do anything you say again!"

   "Oh yes you will! I'm going to reach into your core and take your heart! The magic core of you and when I have it in my hands your life will belong to me! You will do what I say, say what I tell you and otherwise be my puppet and property. You'll never be free again!"

   "NO!! YOU FUCKER! YOU SADISTIC SHIT!!!  When I get outta this...!" Brian yelled, straining against his bonds. It was no use.

   "You monster!" yelled Gus.

   Walter only cackled horribly. He shuffled forward. He lunged.

   "NO!" yelled Gus, and launched sideways in front of Randal. At the last minute he blocked Walter from Randal and Walter's hand was thrust inside of Gus' chest.

   "Well, well, well!! Two twinks for the price of one! I guess I can make this an unholy trinity! Just think of all the delicious threesomes we'll have!"

   "You disgusting pervert! That will never happen! We've agreed on a monogamous relationship unless we decide together and I think we can both agree...that means, not you!"

   "You'll change your tune once I take your heart!" Walter pulled his hand. He frowned. He tugged but it wouldn't pull out of his chest.

   "I can feel you in there, you know," Gus said conversationally, "Feels...quite nasty actually."

   "But why...can't I..." Walter pulled frantically.

   "Because I'm not ready to let you go yet," Gus said in this spooky yet totally Dom way that went straight to Randal's dick.

   "Wha...What are you talking about?" Walter finally started to sound a little scared.

   "I would never let you near his heart. His heart belongs to me. And mine belongs to him. That's why you can't pull free, Walter. You've put your hand into a very dangerous cookie jar, witch!"

   "But how!!? How did you do...how did you know to do this!?" Walter tugged his hand with all his might but it was indeed like a boy caught in the cookie jar and he could not get loose.

   "I knew the instant your diseased digits entered my chest. You were after Randal but I took his place and was glad to do so. I love him. I love him and you never did. You used him. You will never come near him again."

   "Love!" Walter scoffed. "Don't make me laugh!! What do you know about love? Do you think because you say it that you feel it? Do you really think that's going to make him stick around forever? Do you really think a wedding is going to change anything!? Hate to break it to you, sweetcheeks! Vows are broken all the time! Loving is hoping and never getting. Love is having your heart broken. Love is realizing nothing lasts forever! Love is weakness!"

   "No it isn't!" Gus declared, "It's strength!"

   Walter burst into flames. He was pushed away forcefully. And as soon as he was away from them he exploded in a combination of fire and magic. He was disintegrated into dust and magic dust particles.

   The orange bands binding Brian vanished and he was free. There was a puff of black smoke and the little black puppy dog transformed back into Arrow.

   There was a moment of well-deserved silence.

   "He's gone! He's really gone! My God!...My love!...My hero!"

   The last was said very sultry and Randal grabbed Gus into his arms and dipped him deep into a kiss that curled their toes and warmed their stomachs.

   "You saved me...again. Thank you! I love you so much Gus!"

   "I love you too, Randal. And no thanks necessary. You know, I'd rescue you a thousand times over!"

   "Only a thousand?"

   "More than a thousand then! How many times you plannin' on getting into trouble!?" Gus asked, all mock gruff.

   "I'm planning on getting YOU into trouble some very soon!" Randal declared with a lascivious leer.

   Gus gave an excited hitch and kissed Randal with an absolutely hard and all-consuming killer kiss. Randal gave back as good as he got and soon the babes in the woods were practically humping each other's legs.

   "You know, I'm going to scout ahead..." Brian murmured to no one in particular, since the twinks weren't listening. He began to wander away.

   "You know, that was really hot the way you talked to Walter," Randal said shyly

   "You have to know he was totally full of shit right?" asked Gus concernedly; hoping this incident wouldn't trigger another nightmare later.

   "Oh, I've always known that!" Randal said, "But there was nothing I could do about it before. No...I mean that whole...I'm not ready to let you go...thing..." Randal blushed adorably.

   "Oh, really? Interesting....Well that's good. Because that goes for you too," Gus said in that same, hot, Dom voice, "I am never letting you go either! Not for a second!"

   Now Randal gave an excited hitch and ‘sprrooiingggg!!!' his dick stood very stiff to attention like a good little soldier does.

   "Oh Gus! I want you so bad! No...I need you...now!"

   Gus gave a feral kind of growl and picked Randal up fireman carry style and rushed behind a few trees. He spread out his and Randal's cloaks and then laid out Randal on top of them. Randal's shoulder length hair fanned out around him. It was neater now but he had never cut it shorter than this.

   "Mmmmmmm! Just like the first time!" Gus said. He lowered down, framed Randal ‘s face in his hands and kissed him deeply. The two of them began frenching wildly.

   And then coherent thought...or clothes...ceased to have any meaning for a little while.

TBC


Chapter 16 - A Spell is Broken. by Britin4ever71
Author's Notes:

A/N: Thank you to all my reviewers both new and regulars! You’re the best!


Warning: This chapter contains some hilarious but disgusting imagery. That’s it. That’s all I’m saying.

 

Chapter 16


A Spell is Broken



   Brian moseyed a little ways down the trail until it turned a corner and Justin followed along, honking softly. He found a tree to relax against and settled in for a while. The swan crawled into his lap and gave him an affectionate nip before settling in. Brian petted his head gently.


   He chuckled and tucked his lips in.  "I am so proud of that little fucker. He saved the day! They deserve a little time alone. You know...when this is all over we should ask them to live near us. Be with us and our surrogate sons forever. Do you think they'll agree?"


   Justin sleepily pecked his palm again.


   Brian took a long shuddering breath. "Oh Justin! I hate seeing you like this! I miss you so goddam much! So fuckin' much!"



A little while later...


   All too soon, Brian moseyed back and declared it was time to move on.


   "Oh boys! We should get going soon! We still have one more witch to deal with before dinner time and I'd like my boyfriend back! Gus? Randal? Entering the clearing now! If you're in a state where you need more time, now'd be the time to call out! Guys?"


   Brian entered the clearing where they'd left Arrow, cautiously, hands at the ready to clap over his eyes.


   He relaxed though when Gus and Randal emerged from behind some trees, pants on but otherwise unclothed and a little sheepish.


   "We're here, Bri! Sorry! We'll be ready soon." The boys dressed in shoes, shirts and cloaks in a hurry.


   "Well, don't be sorry!" Brian winked, "Nature sex is the best! Let's just get this over with! I'd like to follow your lead with my own twink soon enough!"


   "Don't worry, Bri! We're going to do anything we can to help you and make that happen," Gus assured him with a peck on the cheek.


   "Absolutely!" Randal agreed with a kiss on his other cheek.


   "Awwww! You're the best twinks in the world!" Brian said with an obvious simper, "How'd I get so lucky!?"


   "I dunno! But don't knock it if ya' got it, honey!" Gus vamped.


   It was all too ridiculous. They all burst out laughing.


@@@@@@BJGR


   At last, they calmed down enough to get organized and get going.


   Brian wasn't sure how this was going to work, so he figured they'd all better approach the tower holding onto each other some way. He decided to walk in front and held tight to Arrow's bridle. He didn't want to lead the horse although Arrow allowed him to, understanding that this was a sensitive leg in their journey. Gus and Randal rode on Arrow. Justin perched and sat on the cow again.


   Step by step, slowly and carefully, this odd little caravan advanced toward the gnarled and ugly tower, with Brian holding tightly to the magic flower and expecting every step to be their last. He still remembered the frozen and trapped feeling, like being a fly held in an invisible web made of ice. He did not want to feel like that again.


   Step...step...step....nothing.


   And then at last...Brian took a step and he felt as if he were stepping through a gauzy piece of silken drape and the air to the left and right of them lit up in a pale blue. It really was as if they were stepping through a curtain, one that encircled the entire tower. As Brian passed through it, then Arrow, then the cart, they could see the barrier would have been impenetrable; it extended several hundred feet above them and domed over the tower.


   At last they were all through. The blue sheen disappeared. Brian called a halt and patted Arrow's mane in thanks for co-operating. They waited a few minutes to see if Craig would pop out as a nasty surprise but nothing happened


   "I don't think he knows he's been penetrated!" Brian exclaimed and they all snickered quietly at his naughty joke. "Still, let's be quiet until we get there, I want to see the look on the fucker's face when I knock on his door!"


   So they were all very quiet and they crept right up to the...well right up to his door. It was as gnarled and ugly as the tower itself and was those double, arched at the top with ring handle kind of deals. Brian strode right up to them and banged on them hard with his fist, hard and fast, the kind of knocks that bend in the door a little.


   There was no reply.


   BANG!! BANG!! BANG!! Brian did it again. And then he was just ramming it...BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG! BANG!BA...


   "What the HELL is going on here!!" Craig flung open the door, impatient and inconvenienced as if he were answering the door to a troublesome door-to-door salesman. Only he was doubly confused because nobody had ever knocked on his door for 100 years...He'd made sure of that. His mouth dropped open to his chest comically and his eyes bugged out of his head like eggs. His mouth flapped open and closed comically a few times. Finally, he croaked out: "But...but how...But ...What the HELL are YOU doing here!!!"


   Brian smirked. "Yup! Just as satisfying as I thought it would be!"


   Then he reached out with a leather gloved hand and grabbed Craig by the shirt front and yanked him till they were nose to nose.


   "Time to pay the piper, Craig!!" he rasped, spitting the name out like a disease, "I believe we are under the deadline of 104 days!?"


   "You are," Craig grudgingly agreed.


   "And we have all your ingredients! So do the right thing, for once in your life and maybe I'll spare you! BREAK THE SPELL!!"


   "Really!? You got everything!?" Craig seemed genuinely astonished.


   "Yes really!"


   "Holy shit! Really?? I mean....Well, I made most of...well half made it....but you really got everything!?? I mean...Holy shit!!"


   "Yes, we're all astounded Craig! Now do something decent for once in your life and live up to your end of the bargain!"


   "And...Oh my God!!" Craig began to snicker and then gaffaw loudly. "You even got the suit! It's more disgusting than I imagined it would be! And you found a hunter than hadn't killed anything!?"


   "Sure did!" Brian declared proudly.


   "But...but ...I was halfway making that up! Kind of like one of those things that'll never happen so you'll never come back, kind of things!"


   "What?? So we never really needed..."


   "Oh, you still needed a leather suit. But it could have been made by anyone. And made by someone who didn't want you to look like a perverted he-whore!" Craig began snickering wildly again.


   "You...unmitigated....ASSHOLE!!!" Brian yelled, "Do you know how much time we wasted!!?" He drew his sword.


   "Brian no!!" Gus yelled, "Not yet! Not until we break the spell!"


   Brian was heaving wildly. He pressed himself up against Craig and pressed his blade to his throat.  "I grow verrrry weary of you!" he growled, "If I were you, I wouldn't be so quick to judge! What is it they say? Judge not...lest you be judged!"


   "You can't judge me," Craig said in this snotty, prissy way, "I'm perfect!"


   "East will meet west before you are perfect!" growled Brian, "Let's see! How about teaming up with Randal's abuser and pervert! You have a lot of nerve calling anyone a pervert after that one and then poisoning Gus' father against him!"


   "I have no idea what you are talking about!" Craig denied, in that same, prissy, mealy-mouthed way that made Brian want to smash his face in.


   "You know exactly what I'm talking about! That bastard Walter found you after he couldn't touch us in the forest and you decided to cast a spell on Gus' family in some sick, revenge plot instead. You'll lift that one before this day is done as well!"


   "I don't know what you're talking about! Walter and I just went around a bit preaching the truth about morality and clean living! I can't be held responsible if some people take it the wrong way!"


   "Morality!?  Clean living!? Ha! Don't make me laugh! Did you preach about the morality of wanting to have sex with your own son!? Did you preach about the clean living of causing someone to get all leathered up...in this!? But maybe you protest too much! Hmmmm, Craig!?"


   "What are you talking about!?" Craig sounded suspicious and a little worried.


   Brian still had him pressed up against the wall. "I mean...Maybe you like leather!! Waaaayyy more than you're letting on! Maybe that's why you had me get up in all this! Let's see, shall we?" And without further ado, Brian took a deep breath and plunged his hands and gauntlets inside Craig's robe and under his shirt and over and around his wrinkled and disgusting body.


   Craig writhed and twisted and struggled in real revulsion. It was nothing to what Brian felt, his stomach twisting with nausea but he kept it up.


   "Ewwww! Ewwwwww! Ewwwwww! Stop it! Grosss! Ewwwww!"Craig mewled pathetically.


   "Tell me what I want to hear!" growled Brian. He found two decrepit nipples and twisted viciously. He was VERY glad he was wearing gloves.


   "Oh ewww! Eww stop it! Gross, stop it, you mean, mean man!" Craig mewled again like a frigid virgin on her wedding night, "All right! All right! I'll break the spell!"


   "And!?" Brian pressed as he pressed and twisted hard the other way.


   "Ewwwww! Eww! Eww! Eww! OK! OK! I'll do what I can for his dad too then!" Craig finally relented, "But I can't do anything without Walter for that one."


   Brian let him go and threw him away like he had been holding onto a piece of garbage. "Walter has been taken care of! You just do your part!"


   Craig's mouth twisted in evil from where his sat on the ground. "Then you've shot yourself in the foot over that one! Without Walter's part in the counter spell, it can never be reversed. It's only a matter of days before that king forgets he even had a son much less a gay one. Only good little straight girls for him! Bwa! Ha! Ha! Ha!!!!"


   "You idiot! One of my sisters was gay too!" Gus yelled, mad as Hell.


   "Oh! Well, I guess she'll get a nasty shock at next Winter's Festival! What a lovely present....for me!"


   "All right, that's enough of that, you disease! Just get on with what you can! Fix me and Justin!"


   "Very well! Let me see the cow."


   Craig inspected the cow, and petted it a little. "Very good! As white as the milk she gives! Very good indeed! All right, well...do you have the other ingredients?"


   Brian rummaged in the saddlebags and came up with the pickles and the shoes. "Here."


   "All right, well, you must feed the ingredients to the cow."


   "What! How can a cow eat gold?"


   This one can...for the next few minutes. I enchanted her when I pet her. So quit wasting time and boring me with your stupid questions and get on with it!!"


   Brian shot him a look of such pure hot rage it should have melted the golden shoes in his hands. But he obeyed nevertheless, and approached the cow. She ate everything brought before her, the pickles and incredibly, even the golden shoes!


   "Now what?" Brian asked.


   "Wait for it..." said Craig.


   As if on cue, the cow began a steady mooing and lowing.


   "Milk her. You're in your suit, so that's good. Use your gloves. Whatever you get out of her, both of you must drink it willingly, once as a human and once as a bird. Good luck on getting that to happen!" Craig snickered unhelpfully.


   "Ohhh no! Whatever shall we do?" moaned Brian in this mocking, stilted way.


   Then he found a pot and started to milk the cow. Even though he had never milked before, the cow must have really liked the smooth feel of the leather for she gave a definite moo of pleasure and the milk easily streamed out. Brian rhythmically pulled the teats over and over and the milk kept coming until the pot was half full. Then it slowed and stopped.


   "I guess that it," Brian carefully, moved the pot out from under the cow and moved away from it. The milk in the bucket began to immediately thicken in the pot until it was more like cum than milk.  He casually kicked Craig in the shin where Craig had stuck his foot out to trip him. Craig griped and hopped up and down, glowering at him resentfully. Brian ignored him utterly.


   "Justin, my love! Come on! Time for your first dose!" Brian called.


   Of course, with the collar on, Justin could understand everything perfectly. Brian found a cup and Justin waddled over to the pot and both of them took a sip of the potion just as easy as how do you do. The potion was now definitely thick as cum and tasted a little like it too. Fortunately, both of them were used to this and didn't mind a bit.


   POOF! Immediately, there was explosion of white feathers and instead of a swan, Justin was there, sitting on the grass, in his original blue suit, completely back to normal. He looked at himself in wonder and then stood. He and Brian hugged, molding themselves to each other's frames. Then Brian bent him back into a deep dip and they kissed softly, tenderly, harder, feverishly, wildly, passionately, with utter abandon.


   The twinks cheered with joy and frenched in equal wild ardor.


   Craig was apoplectic with rage. "WHAT!!? How'd you manage that? He was a wild bird! He shouldn't have done that!"


   After everyone was right way up, Justin fingered the leather collar, unsnapped it and handed it to Brian. Brian put it on. "We had help, unclean demon! This collar keeps us aware, even when we are animals."


   "Help!? What do you....Oh....those fairies! Those damn fairies, always dogging me! It seems they penetrated my defenses at last!"


   "That's right! They sent us this flower, which is imbued with their magic! And it is with this magic we will free all who have been spellbound by your evil over the years! After, of course, I dispatch you, once and for all, you horrible and miserable creature!" He drew his rapier.


   "No! No! I held up my end of the bargain! I did! I did! You said you'd spare me!" Craig whimpered, finally sounding like a harmless and pitiful old man at last.


   "I said...maybe...!" Brian's face was a grimace of hate as he advanced on the witch.


   "No! No! Please noooooo!!!" whimpered/begged Craig.


   Suddenly Randal remembered something. "WAIT! STOP BRIAN NO! NO, DON'T!! STOP, DON'T DO IT!"


   But Brian was past the point of no return. He was full of that intense rage and hate that comes from needing to do something, anything to alleviate it simply to put the universe back into balance.


      SNICK!! SNOCK!!! Brian chopped off Craig's head and it went rolling away along the grass. Craig's body crumpled to the ground. He was dead.


   "Come on, boys, let's storm the tower!! I can feel a lot of evil magic still in there!" Brian yelled and ran off. Justin smiled at his impulsiveness, quickly poured the rest of the potion in a bottle, stoppered it, and put it in a safe place before following.


   Randal paused, then dashed after them, crying, "Brian! Brian! Wait! You don't understand! I have to tell you something!"


   But Brian was in full gung ho mode. He somehow knew what to do. He took the flower from his buttonhole and every room he came across held dozens of birdcages. He touched the flower to every cage and when he did it would disappear and all the birds turned back into women. The disenchanted women dashed out of the tower, free at last. A few stayed though and guided Brian to the rest of the rooms. Up and up and up they went, all the way to the top of the tower, plundering all the rooms and freeing all 7,000 cages of birds/women. It became far too crowded and noisy for Randal to be able to tell Brian his news.


   However, finally things began to calm down and most of the women has fled and it was...quieter. Randal decided this was a good time to put his fingers in his mouth and whistle loudly. This achieved the silence he craved.


   "Brian!! You have to listen! Craig isn't dead! We have to get back down there....right now!"


   "What do you mean, Randal!?" asked Brian.


   "I saw this in my adventure through the portal in the forest. Witches can't be killed with a chopped off head! They come back and screw it on again!"


   "What!??"


   "Yes! I paused a moment before following you and kicked that horrible thing far away but it shouldn't be long before he returns. I've been trying to tell you forever!"


   They were all speechless with horror. Then they were running, running, running down the tower stairs. They burst out the door and a terrible sight met their eyes.


   There were a number of forest animals gathered around. Wolves, stags, badgers, foxes and the like. Gus was speechless with fear and cowering in the cart. But it wasn't because of the animals.


   Stumbling around the midst of them was Craig's headless body. The head was talking, giving it directions but the various animals were playing keep away as best they could. But it was evident that this wasn't going to work forever. The witch's body and head were relentless and getting closer and closer all the time.


   A stag trotted over to Brian. Somehow, Brian knew to touch him with the flower. Ping! And there was a burly man in its place.


   After that, the animals kind of forgot about the head and crowded Brian. He touched them all with the flower. Ping! Ping! Ping! More and more men appeared.


   Many of the women recognized their sweethearts and together they got out of there toot sweet. But a few men stayed to help and introduce themselves and organize the animals. Ping! Ping! Ping!


   More and more were changed but now there was a line up coming out of the forest. Ping! Ping! Ping!


   And then there was a horrible: Screeee! Screee! Screee!...sound.


   "Oh no! Hurry Brian! I think we have to get out of here! He's got his head back!" Randal cried.


   Fortunately the line up had broken the tree line and the end was in sight.


   Screee! Screee! Screee!


   Ping! Ping! Ping!


   Screeee! Screeee! Thock!


   Craig's head snapped back into place like a jigsaw puzzle made in hell.


   Ping! Ping! Ping! The last of the animals were turned back into men.


   "You jerk! That really hurt!" yelled Craig.


   "Everybody run! His spell over you is broken! Run to the nearest village and hook up from there!! Run!" yelled Brian, ignoring Craig completely.


   "Oh, you aren't getting away from me that easily!!" Craig yelled to no-one....or everyone in particular, "Eight of the biggest...burliest...most massive men...I commanded you once! I command you again! Halt! Stay! Be mine once again! Obey me! Stay and be my slaves, bodyguards and protectors! Come to me! Be mine once again! Come to me!!"


   And dammit, if it didn't work. Eight VERY large, hunky men stopped in their tracks. Their eyes glazed over and they turned around and marched back and surrounded Craig.


   "Master, we are yours! We obey! We protect! We guard! We are yours!" they intoned as one.


   Craig cackled in evil glee.


   Our heroes all gathered together and drew their swords to make their last stand.


   "GET THEM!!!!" shrieked Craig.


   The buffed, mind-boffed bodyguards began shuffling forward.


   Justin yelled: "You fucking witch! How dare you! I am going to fuckin' fuck you up! Fuck you!"


   Everyone was a little surprised at the blond dynamo's language, even the witch.


   "My my! Such language!" he mocked. "I should put you over my knee!"


   "Engage them but do not hurt them! Everything will become clear," whispered Justin, "Cover me!"


   "Ahhh, you'd fuckin' love that!" he yelled again, picking something up in a fluid movement and rushing forward. "But you are just a fucking witch and you'd use the same fucking language if fuckin' push came to fuckin' shove!"


   The bodyguards tried to stop him but were blocked by Gus and Randal and Justin made it through.


   "I highly doubt that!" said Craig prissily.


   The huge men easily grabbed Brian, Randal and Gus and began to bear hug and choke them into submission. Things looked hopeless.


   "Well, let's test that out shall we?" Justin bent and smashed Craig in the foot with the rock he had picked up as hard as he could.


   "OWWWWWWWW!!! That fuckin' hurt! FUCK ME!!" he yelled.


   Justin smirked. "Told ya." He quickly noted the time.


   "Fuck you...fuck you...fuck you...!!!" Eight burly men dropped our heroes, turned around and advanced on Craig.


   "Hey! Hey! Hey...what are you doing!? Why are you taking off you pants?  Why are you taking off your shirts! No! No! Stop!! Stoo-mmmmmphhh!!!!! Help Mmmmmppphhhh!" His face was mashed into the dirt and he couldn't get a decent word out.


   Our four heroes watched in satisfaction as the eight men sucked, fucked, fed him from both ends, 69'ed, orgyed, and generally gang fucked Craig six inches into the grassy knoll.


   "This is all very well and good, Sunshine! Very satisfying! But how is this going to rid us of him forever?"


   "HEEEELLLLLPPPP! FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING EVIL..... HELP ME!!!!" yelled Craig.


   Justin held up a crystal vial. "Let's just say, he's going to appreciate the meaning of forever...in a whole new way for now on. Everyone stand back now!"


   "No! HELP!! Stop this at once!" Craig managed at last.


   "Oh, I'm afraid it's too late for that!" Justin said spookily, "This is for every minute you stole from me and Brian when you turned us into birds!" Then he yelled, "The last 20 minutes! GO!" And he threw the little vial of blue potion at Craig and his eight gang bangers.


   There was a blue dome that rose over them and covered them. There was a kind of skip and suddenly everything was intact again.


   "That fuckin hurt! FUCK ME!" yelled Craig.


   "Fuck you...fuck you...fuck you..." intoned the men.


   "Hey...why are you taking off your pants? Waitaminute! What's going on! Help! What did you do? NOOOOO!!! MMMPPPHHH!!"


   And they orgyed and fucked him six inches into the ground again.


   Reset. "That fuckin hurt! FUCK ME!"


   "Fuck you...fuck you...fuck you..."


   Justin turned to Brian. "Well, shall we go, my love?"


   Brian was in awe. "Oh...My...God! That has to be the most diabolical, evil thing, I've ever seen! I love it! I love you!"


   They mashed their lips together in unbridled passion.


   "NO! NO, WAIT! You can't! You can't leave me like..." ZOOP!


   "That fuckin' hurt! FUCK ME!"


   "Fuck you...fuck you...fuck you...


   "Watch us! You'll never bother anybody again! So long asshole!"


   ZOOP! That fuckin hurt! FUCK ME!"


   And they did leave him. They never saw him again. And that's where we leave Craig in this story...having his no so happy ending...over and over... and over...not so happily ever after.


THE END


 

End Notes:

A/N: Yes, I know. Fairy tales are supposed to be about Happily ever afters not Unhappy ever afters. Therefore a quick wrap up/Epilogue will follow in  a day or so. Cheers, everyone!


Chapter 17 - EPILOGUE. by Britin4ever71

EPILOGUE

   All four of them went back at Brian and Justin's cottage in the local village of Hazelwurst.

   The cottage was a two story, gabled, old-time shuttered, thatched roof type like many of the houses in town. Unlike most of them it now sported a large stable in back. Arrow had taken one look at the place in distaste and blew a large flaming breath at it. Only instead of burning inward and destroying the place, the flame burnt...outward and slowly the stable had appeared out of the flame. When it was done, the flames died and then POOF!...went out. He was now happily ensconced in his very own stall, under a huge horse blanket and munching oats before bed. Beside him was a second stall where the white cow now made her home, chewing her cud in udder....uhhh, that is, utter contentment.

   Inside, the cottage had a big living room done in fire tones, kitchen, bathroom on the first floor, and upstairs were two bedrooms and a second small bathroom in between.

   "You'll stay with us, of course," Justin said, as they entered. He pinched his nose and sneezed; there was a light coating of dust after being away so long and he was allergic. But a little water and a mop would take care of everything. He went in search of the implements.

   "Oh...well, you have a beautiful home...but we don't want to intrude. Besides we should be getting back..." Gus stopped and teared up. He remembered there was nowhere to go back to.

   Justin bustled back and enfolded the young man in a parental-penguin-ey way. *

   "Now don't you worry about that now," he soothed, "There'll always be a spot for you two here and besides we were going to ask you something but that'll keep for later. And when you're ready and married off, we'll find you a cottage of your own. There's a great realtor a few lanes over. Her name's Jennifer Tucker and she works miracles. Why, I even heard that she found a woman a huge house that was built up to look like a huge shoe!"

   "A shoe!!? Why on Earth would a woman want to live in a shoe!?" said Gus. Man he would never understand ladies and shoes!

   "Hey I remember that!" cried Brian, "Man she had a lot of kids! I remember they liked to play on the laces! It's a wonder how she knew what to do! Must have had a pritt-tee colorful past!" He winked.

   "Brian! She ran an orphanage!" barked out Justin.

   "Oh! Right...well....sooooooo.......who wants coffee?"

* In Penguin-dom, the fathers are the primary caregivers and nurturers

@@@@@@BJGR

Later that evening...

   Promptly at sunset, Brian turned into an owl. Fortunately, he was wearing the collar and so it was an easy thing to fetch the potion and both Justin and Brian took a second swallow, Justin from a glass and Brian out of a bowl.

   POOF! Brown feathers filled the room and that was that. The ordeal was over. The feathers were swept into the fire and now later, everyone was happy and content.

   The four men were lounging and enjoying hot chocolate after a nice dinner. The cottage sparkled with friendly candle and firelight and the nasty dust had long been mopped away.

   "What I don't understand is..." Gus was saying, "How did you know Craig was going to say that and doom himself?"

   "I wondered that myself, Sunshine," Brian admitted.

   "I didn't....not really," Justin answered, "The whole plan came to me in a split second. You probably remember me swearing the F-word a blue streak just before I rushed him?"

   "They all nodded.

   "Well, I was counting on it having the same impact on him. I wanted that word right at the front of his mind so that when faced with the pain, he'd use it. And it worked! Of course, it was still a big gamble. I'm just glad I won in this case."

   They all heartily agreed. There was a nice dozy silence broken only by a soft snicker from Brian as he thought of asexual Craig still out there getting it in both ends for all time.

   "Well, let's turn the page on that one," said Justin, "Gus...Randal...we were going to ask you..."

   "Oh let me! Let me!" said Brian excitedly.

   Justin sipped and waved a hand. "Go ahead," it said.

   Brian wondered where to begin. He thought about it and decided on full disclosure. "Gus...first, I'd like to say, I'm really sorry for what's about to happen. If we could stop it, we would. But since we can't I'd really like...we'd really like it if you...both of you would become our surrogate sons and family, move near us, be near us, share our families. Our children can be cousins or even siblings or whatever you like. I'm just hoping we can be together and close forever. Back in the forest...when the Green Fairy gave me instructions on the flower crown...he told me that in another dimension, another world, you actually were my son. I know that didn't really work out here in reality but...this would be the next best thing. I didn't then, but I can tell you now, that I envy that Brian more than I can say. Gus, Randal, please...be our sons...be our family instead. We'll even find Melanie and bring her into the fold when she finds out the crappy news."

   Gus looked at Randal "What do you think?" he asked.

   Randal shrugged. "What are the alternatives?" he pointed out.

   "Good point," he agreed.

   "I...Well, you know where I came from," Randal said, "I for one would like to experience some good parenting...or at least mentoring... if for once in my life. I'd like to accept your patronage."

   "Me too," said Gus, "I'll miss my real Dad too but I think this will be good for me and for all of us. Back there...I always felt...looked through, you know? There was just too many of us for him to pay proper attention. And then...I didn't realize it but he really lost touch with reality there for awhile."

   Brian and Justin were ecstatic. Their joy rubbed off on Gus and Randal whose joy was less vibrant but was more like a warm, soothing blanket, a feeling of belonging, of relief that they didn't have to figure out their next move because, quite simply, there was no next move. They were right where they belonged.

   Someone popped a cork and poured wine and they toasted and celebrated their new decision.

@@@@@@BJGR

   Two months later, in a quiet ceremony, with the least amount of fuss as possible, Brian and Justin, and Gus and Randal were married in a double ceremony in a civil ceremony by the mayor at Town Hall. They all wore the most delectable black tuxes and the courtroom had been decorated with generous bouquets of red roses.

   Randal had two more of his coins made into rings for himself and Gus and Brian and Justin gave them the sprig of diamond to use. Randal chose a more traditional solid band for himself and Gus with a nice setting for a generous diamond to...well, set. Gus loved it.

   They paid for the wedding using the dog's treasure and when all was said and done there was still a lot left over. This they used to buy a modest cottage a few streets over from Brian and Justin. There they moved and there they stayed for the rest of their days.

   Brian experienced a most supreme joy when he put Justin's ring back on his finger, this time, for good.

   "For forever and a day!" they both vowed in a whisper and then kissed long and deep.

@@@@@BJGR

Eight months later...that is, ten months after the adventure....

   "Brian! I'm having that craving again!"

   "Again? That craving!?"

   "Yes! Pickles...and ice cream! Oh God! Thick, creamy chocolate ice cream!"

   "Me too! Only I want radishes and Rocky Road!" said Gus.

   Behind him, rubbing his shoulders, Randal closed his eyes. As always, he was secretly relieved about Gus' alternative craving. But he never said anything.

   "OK, boys, coming up! Good thing I stocked up from the market today!" Brian headed to the fridge and freezer.

   It had only been two months or so into the male pregnancy but they were exhibiting all the signs right down to the disgusting cravings of pickles, ice cream, peanut butter and sardine pizzas, of devilled eggs and angel food cake, and the like, and mood swings. Besides that, both men said that they could just "feel" that something was different in their bodies, could sense the new life growing.

   None of them knew where the baby was growing or even how it was going to get outta there but they knew the Fairy wouldn't have given them this gift if it were going to seriously hurt them so they just patiently waited.

   The four men visited each other so often eventually they came to feel that they almost lived at both places. As the babies came nearer and nearer to term, the four men grew closer and closer to each other until they were more like partnered brothers than two couples.

   On the eighth month of pregnancy, Justin awoke and went to go to the bathroom. He sat carefully onto the toilet seat and had a nice pee. As he got up and cleaned up, he noticed a pucker of flesh under his scrotum that hadn't been there the night before. He dabbed at it experimentally and it opened a little like an iris of an eye. However, when left alone, it shut itself up again.

   "Brian! Brian! Come look!" Justin yelled, running...well, waddling excitedly into the bedroom.

   Brian was still half asleep but he woke all the way up when he heard Justin yell.

   "Everything OK, Sunshine?" he asked, sitting up in bed.

   "I'm not sure! Look at this!"

   "I always like looking at you, sexy man!" Brian leered.

   "Oh Brian, really! I'm fat as a house!"

   "Not true! Just pregnant and gorgeous!" Brian grabbed him fondling him and pulling him in for a kiss.

   Justin rolled his eyes. "OK! OK! But check this out!"

   The pucker was fondled, poked, prodded and pushed into a little. At this, Justin winced in pain, so Brian stopped immediately. Otherwise there had been no feeling to it and it was not an erogenous zone.

   "Hmmmm. Well Sunshine, I think our chip off the old blocks might be preparing for a way out. I suggest we just ignore it and keep it clean but otherwise leave it alone."

   Gus' pucker appeared a few weeks later. (They had been very close apart).

   About a month later, to the day, Justin could feel the baby drop and for a few days he felt even fatter. But he was happy because this meant the baby was coming soon.

   All too soon. It was almost exactly two days later, when Justin went into labor. It was painful but he had been preparing for it so when it hit it was only like getting hit with a baseball instead of a stagecoach.

   Brian rushed him to the midhusband where Justin was given lots of pain numbing potion. As the contractions went on, the pucker opened more and more like a flower opening, until it was 10 cm in diameter. At that point Justin really needed to push and under the midhusband's directions, did so. And soon after that their baby pushed its way out into the wide and magically wonderful world.

   It was a perfect little boy. He had blue eyes and a full head of brown hair. They named him James because the name was as simple and beautiful as he was.

   After the baby and afterbirth had been expelled, the opening retracted again and puckered tightly closed. Before their eyes, it shored over and turned into a scab. A few days after that, the scab dried up, fell off and it was as if the opening had never been.

   Gus didn't say it but he was glad Justin had gone first. He was getting nervous about the whole delivery thing and wasn't sure how he was going to react to the pain. But when it came down to the wire and his baby dropped and then two weeks later fought his way into the world, he was scared but managed OK. It helped to have Randal there squeezing his hand during the rough spots.

   Their baby was smaller and red faced and was prone to squalling a lot. They had a girl. She had beginnings of black hair on her head, green eyes, and a birthmark in the shape of a rose on the bottom of her left foot. They named her Carrie for no good reason at all.

@@@@@@BJGR

A year later:

        Both couples were deliriously happy. They both visited back and forth and switched babies and babysat for each other so much that they could barely tell where one family started and the other ended. It was like the babies had 4 dads. And Justin was pregnant again. And six months after that, Gus was preggers again.

@@@@@@BJGR

Five years later:

   "Brian, goddamit! I swear to God, if you get me pregnant one more time, I swear I am going to kill you!"

   Justin had been pregnant three times and Gus twice and both of them had three children. Gus had sported fraternal twins and they named them Hansel and Gretel after another pair from another forest that seemed so long ago it was almost a dream. But Randal didn't want to forget them and besides his twins' eyes had sparkled like stars right out of a dream and so had spawned the names.

   And now Justin was pregnant a fourth time. He loved it and was used to it by this time but it was old hat at this point and he had three other rugrats crawling/running around and it was getting harder.

   Brian, maddeningly, just smirked and shrugged. He loved his husband pregnant and the resulting kids so he wasn't making any promises. Besides, Justin was sexier and hornier when he was pregnant and was prone to getting into some pretty weird shit. Brian couldn't wait to see what his creative boy came up with next.

   The kids came and went, back and forth between their houses until they all were irrevocably linked. They all continued back and forth visiting until it was as if they lived in both places and all of their kids were siblings. It was a most unusual arrangement but it worked for them so they didn't worry about it and kept doing it. The only thing they held separate from each other was their sex lives. And these were happy, vibrant and even a little experimental from time to time for the rest of their lives.

   For the rest of their lives, the magic of their world continued to affect them and spin them off into other adventures, each one wilder and more exciting than the last. As their children grew up, they began having adventures of their own. One found a magic cloth that made a feast appear anytime he wanted. Another bought a bathmat and found out it could fly. It was a little hard to control at first and before he knew it he was miles and miles away. It would be a year before he made it home but when he got there he brought home such a fortune that it more than made up for it. And his parents weren't really worried because they had all been brought up to be very self-sufficient.

   Ironically, all their children turned out straight except for Justin's sixth and last, who had been so blue eyed and blond haired that he named him Justin Jr., or J.J right on the spot. J.J. turned out to be very artistic and eventually he could draw or paint pictures that were so real that they could become real or create a portal to that time and place.

   I guess what I'm trying to say...in a roundabout way is that day by day...week by week...year by year....they all prospered....and lived happily ever after.

THE END


Chapter 18 - References and Bibliography. by Britin4ever71

References and Bibliography

   I thought I'd include a list of all the fairy tales and movies and such I used for content and reference to put this 16 chapter sleeping pill together. Review. Or don't. It's just a kind of bibliography for reference and possible legal? ...purposes.

Movies and Plays:

   The best show in the world to date: Queer as Folk

   For the title:...Phineas and Ferb...A cartoon by Disney.

   Ladyhawke...A movie

   Into the Woods....A musical play

   Disney's Aladdin (Ch. 4)..... Gus crossed his arms and frowned, "OK spill! What do you need to tell me? Tell me the truth!" He pursed his cute lips in cynicism, comically tight.

   Star Wars (A sci-fi fairy tale) by George Lucas, Lucasfilm and assorted Powers that Be....  "Paternal?? That means...Fatherly...FATHER!!? NO! NO! I can't be!! I can't be his father! You're lying!! That's impossible!!" he screamed.

   Various references to Once Upon a Time...A TV show created by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz

   The Walking Dead (zombies) c/o AMC...TV show

By the Brothers Grimm:

   Jorende and Joringal, also Jorinda and Joringal

   Jack and the Beanstalk

   The 12 Dancing Princesses

   Cinderella...and other assorted 3 day party variation tales

   Snow White  (Ch.5)   "Thanks for reminding me, dear!" Carl said ferally, "You! Guard! Afterward...cut out his heart! I want it cooked and served on my plate for lunchtime!"

   The Six Swans and/or The Twelve Brothers

   Rapunzel

   The Pied Piper of Hamelin

Chapter 12:   The Tinder Box...by Hans Christian Anderson

                Hansel and Gretel...by Bros. Grimm

                The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe...by C.S Lewis

                Wizard of Oz...by L. Frank Baum

   Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol  (Ch. 5)  "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!" screamed the red king from the balcony.

Nursery Rhymes References:

   Old King Cole

   The Muffin Man

   Three Men in a Tub

   The Old Woman who Lived in a Shoe


This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=240