The Loft by Tagsit
FeatureSummary:

I love the supernatural twist to the Brian and Justin romance. Very different from other stories and it's well written and entertaining to read. - samcdee

Loft_not_moving.jpg

Justin moves into a new loft apartment in preparation for starting his first term at PIFA.  Upon arrival, he finds a “Welcome Letter” from his new landlord, Brian Kinney. But, when he goes to respond, odd things start to happen.  Can these two men reach across time itself to realize their love?  (Loosely based on the plot of Alejandro Aresti's The Lakehouse - one of my all-time favorite movies.)


Categories: QAF US, Admin Pick Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor
Tags: Anal Sex (Lots of it!)
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 35 Completed: Yes Word count: 62382 Read: 119693 Published: May 03, 2016 Updated: Sep 07, 2016
Chapter 10 - Discussing Photos. by Tagsit

 

 

 

August 8, 2001 - 6:30 pm

Brian,

Hope you're here again tonight. I couldn't really stop thinking about you and this whole weird situation all day today.

Confession time - Last night I went through that box of stuff I found in the bedroom closet. Hope you're not too pissed at me! I saw some pictures of you. I have to say, you were HOT as a teenager! I loved the one of you and the other boy (boyfriend?) at the park (or somewhere outdoors?). How old were you in that picture? I also loved the graduation picture. Nice to be able to put a face to my non-landlord's name.

Justin.

 

-Yeah, I'm here. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this thing too. I guess I'm not angry at you for looking through the box, either. If I was, then I could have just written on the box 'Do not open - this means you Justin', since, from my perspective, you won't even find the box for another 2 years. You would then have known not to look in the box and we wouldn't have been having this discussion. But, since you have already invaded my privacy in the future, I couldn't have minded enough to tell you not to do it in the past. I think! Confused yet?

FYI, the other boy in the photo is Michael, my best friend. That picture was taken when we were about 16 or so, during a family vacation in the Poconos. And, yes, I was very HOT as a teen - I'm even hotter now though. B.

 

-Yes, I'm very confused! So, how old are you now, in your time that is?  J.


-I'm 30. Though if you tell anyone that, I will vehemently deny it. And, since I refuse to get any older than 30, I guess this gives me just under a year to figure out how to stay young and beautiful for eternity. Any suggestions? B.


-Good luck with that! Didn't I hear something about a Fountain of Youth somewhere down in Florida? Or was that just Disneyworld? Either way, I promise to never disclose your true age, even under threat of bodily torture! So, why no recent photos of you in the box? I'd love to see how you turned out!  J.


-No idea - since I haven't yet put any photos in that box, I don't know what my motivations will be when I do.  Assuming, that is, that I'm the one filling the box. Besides, no more photos for you until I get one first. You already (kind of) know what I look like. I pretty much look the same as I did in college, just even more attractive! I, on the other hand, have no clue what you look like. Fair is fair, Mr. Taylor.  You show me yours and I'll show you mine!  B.


-LOL! Okay. I guess that would be only fair. But I don't have any recent photos of mine. I'll have to draw one for you instead. (Oh, and I'll also send a a drawing of the rest of me!) Gotta go for now - I have the swing shift at the diner where I work. Same time tomorrow? J.

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

The next morning, Brian was rushing down the stairs and out the building's entrance, trying to hurry enough to allow him time for breakfast at the diner before an early presentation to a new client. As he dashed past the row of mailboxes near the entrance, he noticed out of the corner of his eye something in the loft's box. 'Justin', Brian thought and smiled to himself. Fishing his keys from his pocket, he quickly unlocked the box, grabbed the papers inside and continued on his way to his favorite breakfast spot, the Liberty Diner.

 

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=28