The Less the Merrier by Deb Tanner
Summary:

Justin surprises an intruder at the loft.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Brian Kinney, Daphne Chanders, Debbie Novotny, Emmett Honeycutt, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Ted Schmidt
Tags: One-Shot
Genres: Could be Canon, Humor
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Melanie/Lindsay
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3590 Read: 3229 Published: Aug 21, 2016 Updated: Aug 21, 2016
Story Notes:

It's Lindsay's turn.

1. Chapter 1 by Deb Tanner

Chapter 1 by Deb Tanner

 

 

Wednesday evening at the Loft

 

Brian checked his itinerary once more; his flight to Chicago was scheduled to leave in the morning at 10:20. He wasn't looking forward to the trip but he didn't have much choice in the matter. He would much rather be home fucking Justin into the mattress; unfortunately Leo Brown had decided to play a game of tackle football with his grandsons the previous weekend and ended up breaking his ankle. So since Leo was no longer able to fly to Pittsburgh for their meeting, Brian was flying to Chicago. He looked up when he heard movement in the bedroom. Justin was standing on the top step, fresh from the shower, a dark blue towel riding low on his hips. A slight movement of Justin's hand with a softly uttered 'Oops' and the towel was suddenly on the floor.

 

Without looking back at his computer screen, Brian closed the file with a quick click of his mouse. He rose from his chair and started toward his partner. Since he couldn't get a return flight until Friday afternoon, he had some serious fucking to do tonight and Brian Kinney wasn't about to waste any time.

 

~*~*~*~

 

Thursday 4:20pm at the loft

 

After a full day at the diner, Justin bounded up the stairs to the loft with a small bag of groceries. Daphne would be arriving soon. She had asked for his help on one of her upcoming exams and when he agreed to help her she begged him to make chicken parmesan with basil linguine on the side for dinner; with a laugh he once again readily agreed.

 

As he reached the door to the loft he tried to remember if they had a bottle of wine or if he would have to call Daphne to pick up a bottle on her way over. Placing his key in the lock he realized the door was already unlocked. Hoping to find Brian had flown back earlier than planned, Justin slid the door open and quickly stepped inside.

 

The sound of the grocery bag hitting the floor startled the unsuspecting, and uninvited, individual standing in the kitchen wearing nothing but a white see-through lace apron, a red thong and red stilettos.

 

"Well, you're here earlier than I thought you would be. I haven't even started dinner yet," Lindsay said as she turned. To her utter surprise she found Justin staring at her, his mouth open, a deep red blush covering his face and neck. So shocked to see him standing there instead of the one person she was expecting, Lindsay began gasping for air.

 

"What the f-fuck?" Justin stammered out once the ability to speak returned. He wasn't sure if he should cover his eyes, run away screaming, or maybe both. He finally decided to move to the opposite side of the kitchen island from Lindsay so that he didn't have to see quite so much of her.

 

"What are you doing here?!" Lindsay asked, her voice pitched so high it made their ears hurt. Her eyes widened and she began to panic as she looked toward the door and asked, "Oh my God! Is Brian with you?"

 

"Brian is in Chicago until tomorrow afternoon. What the hell are you doing here, Lindsay? Who were you expecting to walk in and where the fuck are your clothes?!" Justin's voice became louder until he was almost shouting by the time he ran out of words. He was beginning to feel like he was in an alternate universe and it was scaring the shit out of him.

 

Hearing that Brian was still in Chicago, Lindsay relaxed slightly then immediately went on the defensive, starting with a hastily thought of lie.

 

"Brian told me I could use the loft tonight."

 

"Bullshit! He would have mentioned that to me before he left this morning. Why don't you try something else? This time go with the truth instead of a lie." Justin was becoming angry now. He couldn't believe that Lindsay would lie so boldly.

 

"If Brian is still in Chicago, then what are you doing here? How did you know the door would be unlocked?" she asked her own questions instead of answering his.

 

"I had no idea the door would be unlocked. Would you please put your clothes back on? You did have clothes on when you arrived, didn't you? Please don't tell me you came here dressed like that," Justin said calmly although his teeth were grinding together as he spoke. He knew that none of their friends were aware that he had moved back in with Brian and he wasn't going to say anything unless he was forced to but he was quickly becoming frustrated with her evasive behavior.

 

Finally realizing that she was basically naked, Lindsay wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to cover her breasts that were plainly visible through the lacy apron she was wearing. She quickly moved to the bedroom hearing Justin gasp as she crossed the loft.

 

"You were in the bedroom? What the hell did you have planned, Lindsay?" Justin was now beginning to feel nauseous at the thought that Lindsay may have been in their bed.

 

"That's none of your business, Justin. Give me a few minutes, please!" Lindsay shouted from the bedroom.

 

Justin scrubbed his hands over his face. He looked at the kitchen counter and realized that Lindsay had been preparing to cook something for dinner. He moved around the kitchen island and began putting her items back in the canvas tote bag he found lying on the floor.

 

A few minutes later Lindsay stepped out of the bedroom, fully dressed and carrying an overnight bag.

 

"What are you doing?" she asked when she saw Justin packing her groceries in the canvas tote.

 

"I'm helping you pack so you can get the hell out. I suggest you call whomever it is that you were having a secret rendezvous with and tell them it's been cancelled. Don't worry, I won't mention anything to Mel, but believe me I will be telling Brian." Justin looked up at his friend as she approached. He handed her the canvas tote then held out his hand, palm up. "Give me the key you used to get in here."

 

Lindsay's mouth dropped open at the request. She shouldered all her bags and schooling her features she haughtily said, "He'll never believe you over me. Besides, Brian is the one who lives here. It's his loft, he gave me that key and he will never ask for it back, so don't even think I would hand it over to you."

 

Lowering his hand, Justin took a deep breath and said, "He gave me a key, too, and if you'll take a closer look around you'll see that I live here with Brian, Lindsay."

 

Shocked, all Lindsay could say was, "I can see you're not going to leave so I guess that means I will have to leave." She turned on her stiletto heels and stormed out of the loft and down the stairs.

 

"Don't forget to call your 'friend' ASAP!" Justin shouted to her back. He shook his head and moved to close and lock the loft door. He leaned his forehead against the cold steel and blew out a harsh breath.

 

"Justin…" came a soft voice from behind him.

 

"FUCK!" Justin screamed as he jumped and turned around. He lost his balance and slid to the floor as Daphne stepped from behind the column next to Brian's desk.

 

"Oh my God! Sorry! Are you alright?" Daphne asked, her voice muffled slightly by her hand which was covering her mouth.

 

"Daph! Shit! When did you get here?" Justin gasped out the words, trying to catch his breath.

 

"I snuck in when I heard the two of you arguing. I didn't want to draw attention to myself unless it was necessary. I peeked around the corner, saw that she couldn't see me from the way she was standing so I took a chance that you wouldn't see me and slipped in behind the column." Daphne walked over to Justin and extended her hand to help him stand up.

 

Once he was back on his feet Justin asked, "How much did you hear?"

 

"When I got here she was asking you how you knew the door would be unlocked."

 

"Shit! Can you believe her? And did you see what she was wearing? My God! I think I've been scarred for life. I didn't see that much of you that time we had sex!" Justin took another deep breath trying to calm his nerves.

 

"Fuck you!" Daphne laughed and hit him on the arm causing Justin to finally laugh as well.

 

"Who do you think she was meeting?" she asked once they had stopped laughing.

 

"I have no idea. I'm going to have to tell Brian when he gets back. He's supposed to call me tonight, but I don't want to tell him what happened over the phone." He bent down and picked up the grocery bag he had dropped when he first saw Lindsay.

 

"Well, don't worry about it. I know she thinks he won't believe you and if he doesn't, then I'm sure he'll believe this." Daphne held her phone in front of Justin's face.

 

Justin smiled brightly and grabbed his best friend in a bear hug.

 

~*~*~*~

 

As Lindsay was exiting the building she spotted the person she had been expecting. She rushed over and said, "Come on, we can't stay."

 

"What? Why? I thought you said it would be safe."

 

"I'll explain later. Come on before anyone I know sees us."

 

The couple rushed down the street to Lindsay's car; they left with a squeal of tires.

 

~*~*~*~

 

Sunday night – dinner at Debbie's house

 

Melanie watched her wife pace back and forth across Debbie's living room, wringing her hands harder and harder with each step. She waited a few minutes but when Lindsay didn't stop on her own, Melanie stepped into her path, forcing Lindsay to abruptly stop.

 

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Linds?" she asked as soon as Lindsay's eyes met hers.

 

"I just… I'm not sure… I don't know what Brian might do or say when he gets here." Lindsay took a shaky breath and continued, "I told you what happened so you wouldn't be blindsided if Justin did tell Brian about my being in the loft."

 

"I know, Linds, we talked it all out. I think if Justin had said anything to Brian then the asshole would have called or come by the house before now to bitch about it," Melanie said with a reasonable manner. "Don't you think so?"

 

Lindsay thought for a moment before she agreed. "Yes, I think you're right. Brian would have at the very least called me to ask why I was there. You're right, I'm just being ridiculous; getting all worked up about nothing."

 

Melanie nodded and placed a comforting hand on Lindsay's arm, rubbing gently. "Come on, let's go help Deb."

 

Lindsay smiled and nodded in return. She took hold of Melanie's hand and together they walked to the kitchen and offered their help.

 

~*~*~*~

 

Looking up at the house through the window of the Corvette, Justin took a deep breath. He felt Brian's hand squeeze his thigh and turned to look at him.

 

"Everything will be fine, Sunshine; you'll see."

 

Justin nodded and the pair exited the car and started up the walkway to Debbie's front door.  Without knocking, they entered the familiar house.

 

~*~*~*~

 

Everyone turned at the sound of the door opening and shouted out various welcome greetings to the new arrivals. Brian smirked and Justin smiled in return.

 

"Get in here you two; we were just about to start without you," Debbie shouted over the noise of conversations that had started back up in the living room.

 

Everyone moved to the dining table and sat in their usual spots. The conversations continued as dishes of food began to pass from hand to hand.

 

Lindsay surreptitiously glanced at Brian and Justin from time to time trying to judge their demeanors. She began to relax more and more as she realized that both men were behaving as they always had at family dinners, conversing with the others and obviously groping each other under the table.

 

Melanie reached a hand under the table and patted her wife on the leg as if to say 'See, nothing to worry about' before she accepted the platter of veal cutlets from Ted.

 

~*~*~*~

 

Dinner was nearly over when Brian calmly spoke Lindsay's name.

 

"What is it, Brian? Did you want some more wine?" she asked noting his glass was nearly empty. She reached for the bottle which sat close to her plate.

 

"No thanks. I was just wondering something… How often do you wear that skimpy little maid's costume when you cook? I hope you never fry chicken in that get-up; you could hurt yourself. And you better not wear it in front of my son. He's at a very impressionable age."

 

Melanie had just taken a sip of wine which she instantly spit all over Ted who, unfortunately for him, was seated next to her; his favorite white shirt with the green stitching was now dotted with large burgundy spots.

 

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Lindsay blushed a deep shade of red as she responded.

 

"Really? Well, Justin told me how he found you in the loft this past Thursday while I was in Chicago; and being the amazing artist that he is, he was very thorough in his description of you. Would you like to see the drawings he created? They are extremely detailed." Brian waggled his eyebrows at her with a knowing grin.

 

"Lindsay…" Melanie choked out her partner's name.

 

"Alright, Brian, I admit I was in the loft last Thursday. Melanie and I wanted to have a special night. We arranged for a babysitter for the kids, but then we realized that we didn't really have the money to splurge on a luxurious hotel suite and since you were out of town… I thought why not use the loft," Lindsay explained quietly before she loudly declared, "But there was no maid's costume."

 

For once everyone at the table sat in total silence, shocked by the scene playing out before them.

 

"Then what were you wearing, Linds?" Brian asked, not giving up on trying to make her admit the truth.

 

"What difference does it make what outfit I was wearing that day?" Lindsay asked determined not to answer any questions truthfully about what she wore that day.

 

"Because I know Justin has an amazing and very vivid imagination, but his sketches tend to be more on the manly side of the spectrum. Now we all know you're a dyke but face it, Linds, you're not a butchy dyke."

 

Since their conversation had drawn everyone's attention, no one except Brian noticed that Justin had deftly removed his cell phone from his pocket.

 

As Lindsay continued to deny that she was half naked in his loft, Brian held his hand out to Justin who slid the phone onto Brian's palm. At the sight of the phone now in Brian's hand, Lindsay frowned momentarily before her eyes flashed to Justin's; she suddenly sat straighter in her chair.

 

"You didn't!" she demanded.

 

Justin shook his head but he had a slightly evil grin with a matching glint in his eyes and said one word only, "Daphne."

 

"Daphne?" Lindsay frowned again wondering to herself what Daphne had to do with any of this since she wasn't even there.

 

"Yeah, I didn't know she was there either, until after you stormed out. She was there for most of our conversation." Justin's smile grew a bit as he said, "Lucky for me, her parents bought her a new cellphone for her birthday. Has a camera that takes pretty good video; even has a zoom-in feature."

 

Lindsay blushed to a heated red; she swallowed hard and mentally prepared herself for her confession.

 

"Fine! I was wearing a white lace apron-"

 

"See-through white lace apron," Justin stated.

 

Lindsay cleared her throat. "Yes! And red panties-"

 

"Thong," Justin interrupted her, once again correcting her description of what she wore that day.

 

"Do you mind!" Lindsay shouted.

 

"Yes I do mind that you're not accurately describing what you were wearing, a white, very see-through, lace apron, a red thong, and red stilettos. I thought I was going to have to bleach my eyeballs after seeing that!"

 

Everyone at the table began to snicker.

 

Lindsay huffed out a breath, feeling insulted and embarrassed.

 

Brian had been watching Lindsay and Melanie closely. He had been caught off guard when Justin told him what had happened. He found it hard to believe but knew that Justin would never lie about something like that; it was just too bizarre and too easy to prove if he was lying. Then when he saw the short video that Daphne had taken he truly understood why his partner had been so upset. They had a marathon of fucking to get the images out of their heads.

 

Michael was the first one of the 'spectators' of this event to finally find his voice. He looked inquisitively at Melanie.

 

"What I don't get is how Lindsay talked you into using Brian's loft."

 

"Maybe it was the outfit," Emmett chipped in with a grin; everyone snickered again.

 

"I was against it at first, but then the thought of having lezzie sex in Brian's bed without his knowledge, well…" Melanie looked at Brian, "let's just say I found it amusing… the idea of looking you in the face while remembering what Lindsay and I did in your bed and you would have never known about it."

 

All the men at the table shuddered at the thought of lesbian sex, especially if it happened in Brian's bed.

 

"Well at least that tells me you've never done this before." Brian sighed in relief.

 

"I suppose you want my key back?" Lindsay asked Brian quietly. She sent a slight glare to Justin before she turned back to Brian.

 

"No, Linds, that won't be necessary; you can keep it."

 

Lindsay smiled brightly. "I knew you would want me to keep it. And I swear, Brian, it will never happen again."

 

"Oh I know it won't happen again," Brian stated calmly.

 

Lindsay's smile dimmed as she repeated, "I swear, Brian, it won't ever happen again."

 

"You're right, it won't. We had the locks and the code changed yesterday." Brian watched as Lindsay' mouth dropped open and Michael's eyes nearly popped out as he continued. "We had three keys made, one for me, one for Justin, and one that we are giving to someone that we know will only use it in an emergency."

 

Michael held his hand out expectantly.

 

Justin laughed outright while Brian shook his head and smirked at his best friend.

 

"No, Mikey, not you."

 

"What the fuck do you mean 'not me'? I have to have a key; I'm your best friend!"

 

"Your idea of 'emergency' is that you can barge in whenever you please. I'm putting a stop to that." Brian glanced at Justin and got a sunshine smile in return.

 

"Fine! But why the fuck does Justin get a key?" Michael whined, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

"It's his home, Mikey. He's my partner."

 

"I knew it!" Emmett clapped and bounced in his chair.

 

"About fucking time!" Debbie grinned, reached over and pinched Justin's cheek.

 

Ted and Ben both smiled and offered congratulations to the couple.

 

Before anyone else could voice any further questions or congratulations Brian stood up, pulling Justin with him.

 

"Well, it's been fun but we have a lot more fucking to do. We can't have that image of Lindsay half-naked stuck in Sunshine's mind forever."

 

The pair walked out the door leaving a stunned and speechless family behind.

 

~*~*~*~

 

As he pulled the Corvette away from Debbie's, Brian glanced over at Justin.

 

"So, your mom or Cynthia?" he asked.

 

"Cynthia," Justin answered without hesitation. "That way if you're out of town and need something from the loft that's work related, she can get it for you."

 

"Makes sense, but I think maybe we'll give Jenn a key as well, just in case."

 

Justin smiled. "Okay, I'll have one made tomorrow and give it to her."

 

They drove in silence for a few minutes.

 

"You know, maybe we should have asked Lindsay where she got that outfit."

 

"Why?" Justin asked.

 

"I bet you'd look fuckin' hot in it." Brian smirked.

 

"Brian!" Justin slapped his partner's thigh.

 

Brian grabbed Justin's hand and held it in his lap as they both laughed all the way back to the loft.

 

The end.

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=359